[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 123379)
Message
File []
Embed   Help
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM, ZIP
  • Maximum file size allowed is 20000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 18192 unique user posts. View catalog

File 152787662193.png - (398.07KB , 1024x1024 , disthread.png )
123379 No. 123379 ID: 891b91

Wherein we discuss dead dust, and possibly other sorts of dust as well.
278 posts omitted. Last 100 shown. Expand all images
>>
No. 131145 ID: cb6404

>>131143

In hindsight ... yeah, you actually make a pretty good point. She was a bit coddling about things, but I suppose I'd read it as Cider being used to weepy / pouty / resistant / whatever ciggies who were probably distraught and in need of guidance.

Who knows.
>>
No. 131146 ID: cb6404

Crazy and 400% Not At All Serious, caffeine-fueled thoughts on the whole affair:


The "medicine vial" is indeed a graphene-complex, that is to say HK-dust and thus potentially a programmed or charged Taffa substance.

We acquired this from that Taunton Microdynamics place by some means and used it to become The Ultimate Cutebold, perhaps illicitly.

Moira was sent to hunt down the missing stuff, because it sounds like any kind of substantial body augmentation is The Big Money and TM was pretty angery about it.

Enraged that our humanity was forever lost to us upon discovering the process irreversible, and that we were being tracked, we killed Moira or otherwise led her into a trap, stole her jumpsuit (remember, only a jacket was found and we were totally commando, so our original clothes no longer fit!) and possibly some chits, and rented a room in a basement to commit ego-suicide because we were totally unappreciative of our Ultimate Cutebold form.

Ergo, upon returning to the surface, does Preston, who is secretly part of a mafia-like organization that was trying to stop Moira, if not tasked with being rid of her, recognize both her image in the business card and our (stolen) jumpsuit, as well as the equipment case, and fear that his own involvement is about to come to light -- hence his reactions and his fearful state. And potentially why a craft came by to figure out who ELSE had just left "O-Town" by way of the evac system and had to go through the renaturalization process.

Because having your ward affinity blanked via a bender -- like the one we had -- would be the perfect disguise!

As for why her body is missing, I don't know, but the funky-eye-critters are also secretly agents of the dust and are indeed attempting to guide us toward something.

>>
No. 131149 ID: 891b91

>>131123
>I have to wonder, were they meant to come off so very cultish? Because the beginning of chapter one has me put off from them so very, very much. That and it feels like we're being strung along.
As others have said, any real answer I could give to this question would veer too much into spoiler territory and unduly affect suggesters’ decisions. So, all I can really say right now is that it’s up to you (and everyone else) to figure out what Vesper’s moral character is and decide the best course of action based on that.

(That being said, I’d love to answer your question eventually, so keep it in mind for sometime in the future, when it won’t be spoilery to discuss it!)

>Also I can't stop thinking "When's the next update!?!" Because damnit, now I'm emotionally invested in the protagonist.
Right now!

>>131133
>>131143
>>131145
>>131146
I can’t comment on any of it in detail for obvious reasons, but man do I love reading all this discussion and speculation. (Same goes for the discussion going on in the quest thread recently.) it’s one of my favorite things about running quests, so thank you for posting it!
>>
No. 131150 ID: 015bf2

I've gotta admit that I made an early decision to treat the Vespers as a 'cultish thing' intentionally despite the current low levels of evidence. We've seen suspicious behaviour of precisely one Vesper so far, but nothing that indicates that things are as bad as all that. It's just that it's entirely possible our suspicions are true and validated to some extent and it's much more fun to have Penny sit on that suspicious mindset, especially if it makes her more woke to the situation she's in, for good and bad. Not to mention have her hold a grumpy grudge over her sudden recruitment to the faction when all else was going so swimmingly with her attempt to strike out on her own.

Anyway, really loving the quest, teegee! It's deep enough that on occasion I catch myself rereading parts to brush up on my knowledge of the setting's lore.
>>
No. 131165 ID: 10c408

>>131150
I'm on the opposite side because we never really asked quincy about them and now that we've woken up on their property, it seems that information is being tightly controlled, on top of some other stuff I find perplexing and shifty.

To wit: A whole parade of people, including the medical staff, came and went to see how we were doing after finally waking up from the coma but not a single one of them said anything about Cinder, or said anything about anything that didn't pertain to ourselves or our coma. (red flag #1)

The entire deal with staying at the vesper society and having a personality grown from scratch is fine on paper, but the execution and even the explanation from cinder has been pretty shifty and the logistical cost alone (red flag #2) on top of the duration (RF #3) just smacks of some kind of exploitation in and of itself (though whether the 'fix' is for free labor or circumventing some statue of limitations we're not aware of remains to be seen)

And then there's millie and her unsubtle pitch to get in her van for information candy. (more red flags!)

As of now, I'm... kinda sure that vesper is on the lighter side of morally grey? If we can take Cinder at her word then we lucked out but if not...
>>
No. 131173 ID: cb6404

This occurred to me a few days back, but I never committed it to a post here:

You know how Mint talks about weird fuzziness to everyone?

I think she has The Itch, or whatever Quincy was talking about. I'd propose we see if Q's One Weird Trick for O-Town Hobos (read: booze) works, maybe as a way to loosen everyone up (Roz included), but ... the girl is a twig, we're a short-stack cutebold, and Roz is amazonian in stature. I don't think it'd work well.

That and we're a bit far, both in time and personality, from a chance to be all, "Hey Roz, let's head back to my place and drink booze with the cute shy girl I literally just met and have a slumber-party!"

(20 points to Dar Balzan)

Back on topic, however, "The Itch" seems to be related to rhythmo-whatevers, and Penny was purportedly the only person to have freaky interactions with the glyph and to not have the same fuzziness as others on Red Shelf. What are the odds that Mint was exposed to a rhythm-shift that mucked with her -- or is otherwise sensitive to it and the effects of Taffa Syndrome on the HK-dust of a person -- and is thus noting how our dust is all funky because of whatever that medicine vial was ...?
>>
No. 131187 ID: 19da47

Honestly i really hope the Vesper organization isn't a evil cult. I kind of like the idea of a organization that goes out of its way to help people recover.
>>
No. 131189 ID: b233f0

>>131187
I mean... yes, I like that idea too, but it wouldn't be much of a story if it was all gumdrops and sunshine from here. There will likely be good and bad both. We've already stumbled over hints of SECRETS AND LIES.

But hey, if we can root out the truth, maybe the Vespers will become better for it and we can have a proper home base among them. Or at least run off with the good bits.
>>
No. 131190 ID: 49e4d4

>>131187
Iunno, I'd like the idea of a morally-grey organization (darker grey preferably, but any but the lightest shade is acceptable). It's interesting intrigue that I'd really hope has a good payoff.
>>
No. 131241 ID: 30f4b7

>>131149
Its less that they're outright *evil*, but more that they're bad for us and we can't do anything about it that I dislike. Penny is basically a prisoner and dispite being told its to help her, the one in charge apparently doesn't care at all about what they think/feel. The Vespers simply don't seem willing to actually act in syxh a way as to be believable or trustworthy. Being nice costs nothing, but they withhold information and give no choice and expect her to be happy qith it. THAT (among the various red flags) is what pushes them from dubious or just weird into being bad. Its also somewhat frustrating, making it feel like we're on rails and unable to affect change. I get that they're meant to be mysterious, but from my viewpoint they just seem bad instead of morally grey or neutral. I mean, is staying/escaping the Vespers meant to be a choice? Because if it is then their shoukd be SOME good side to them.

Also, it seems like Roz may be trying to butter us up so her clan can have us for whatever, which makes me sad. I really liked her at first.
>>
No. 131248 ID: 719f92

>>131241
I think you're overly paranoid and im in the camp that Vesper is so far misunderstood in a lot of things and is over all a neutral foundation with good intentions that said i still think that there are people in said organization that has nefarious intentions. We should get more information before passing judgment. If they are truly evil then we could always just runaway. Its not like they have us in a prison cell.
>>
No. 131252 ID: 891b91

>131241
>Its also somewhat frustrating, making it feel like we're on rails and unable to affect change. I get that they're meant to be mysterious, but from my viewpoint they just seem bad instead of morally grey or neutral. I mean, is staying/escaping the Vespers meant to be a choice? Because if it is then their shoukd be SOME good side to them.

This is a really worthwhile piece of meta-criticism, so I think I should address it. I'm going to do my best to avoid spoiling anything, but just in case I'm going to place my response in spoiler tags.


I don't intend for the quest to feel like it's on rails, but I see your point. I don't think it's much of a spoiler to say that I have never planned the quest around Penny following Vesper's plans, since if she did that'd make for a fairly boring quest that fails to hit the major plot points I have in mind. So, to me, it's less of a question of whether Penny will cease to be under Vesper's control, and more a question of how, when, and with whom.

I think a significant part of the feeling of railroading comes from Penny having played things very safe with Vesper. (Granted, that sort of thing is common for tgchan.) While Cider & co. have been unwilling to give Penny what she wants, Penny has gone along with them in the face of their reticence, when she could have been more demanding or defiant. I'm not saying that being compliant was the wrong choice, but it is one that has contributed to this feeling of being trapped. That being said, I can say with complete certainty that Penny will gain significantly more control over her situation, regardless of the path she takes.

>>
No. 131253 ID: 891b91

>>131252
After discussing this a bit on Discord, I've become convinced that another major cause of the railroaded feeling is due to the relatively slow pace the quest has been moving at. I think it might be best if I change my strategy for running multiple quests from running them concurrently to running them on a chapter-by-chapter basis like Lagotrope tends to do. I think it may be easier for me to keep up a faster pace of updates if I focus on one quest at a time, since I won't have to "switch contexts" all the time, so to speak.

If I go forward with this plan, I'll start by putting Flora and Arzfayz on hiatus until I've got both the current chapter and the next chapter of Dead Dust complete. Then, at that point, I'll focus on either Arzfayz or Flora for a chapter, then the remaining quest for a chapter, then Dead Dust for a chapter, and so on.

Before I bite the bullet, though, I'd like to get everyone's opinion on it, so please let me know what you think and if you'd prefer that I switch off like this as opposed to running them concurrently like I have been.
>>
No. 131254 ID: b1b4f3

Well, it seems like a shame to pause Arzfayz when we're so close to getting her the dick (or at least it seems like we're close) but otherwise yeah it'd be good to focus on Dead Dust.
>>
No. 131255 ID: 9b2d3c

>>131253
I may just be particularly patient, but I have no beef with the current pacing and haven't felt particularly locked in by the Vesper storyline. This is from someone whose opinion was that we shouldn't have looked at the pamphlet in the first place (it was suspicious and we should've gotten more information or solicited a second opinion), but didn't get a comment in at the time.

I also have an important question: do you enjoy or find it easier running quests concurrently and swapping between them? If so, I don't think there's anything wrong with sticking with that. I'd rather you have a fun quest-making process than more focused updates.

That said, if you were to focus on any one quest then Dead Dust would definitely be my favored pick and I approve of your plans. Not that the other two aren't interesting, I'm just more invested in DD.

Perhaps you could have a 'best of both worlds' where you update Dead Dust 3-4 times for every time you update the others?
>>
No. 131257 ID: 891b91

>>131255
>I also have an important question: do you enjoy or find it easier running quests concurrently and swapping between them?
Well, on one hand I do feel a little sad about the idea of putting the other quests on the backburner, but on the other I think it'd probably be easier for me to stay focused on upping the pace on Dead Dust if I'm not having to switch to thinking about other quests as much.

>Perhaps you could have a 'best of both worlds' where you update Dead Dust 3-4 times for every time you update the others?
I think this might be a good compromise, especially since as >>131254 pointed out, Arzfayz quest is getting close to some real action. That way the pace in Dead Dust will pick up significantly without sacrificing progress on the other quests entirely.
>>
No. 131259 ID: aaa179

>>131253
I'll be playing the role of the selfish queste, then:

I'm largely interested in Dead Dust over your other ventures, not that AAA gets no love from me. So having a '3 per 1' kinda style in favor of Dead Dust is most preferable to me, though alternating chapters is acceptable too.
>>
No. 131260 ID: eeb7d9

I kinda got lost on this quest, but if you plan on finishing this thing first, i will stick around and wait for Arzfayz and Flora.
>>
No. 131261 ID: a0dfd2

>>131253

I'm fine with that, as long as you're comfortable with that change.
>>
No. 131263 ID: 32b5ec

>>131253
I'd prefer the chapter-by-chapter approach.
>>
No. 131264 ID: 92425d

Sounds good
>>
No. 131285 ID: 1eb1bc

>>131257
Hey man, you gotta do what you gotta do. Total honesty, I like Dead Dust the best; but I know from experience that ignoring passion or inspiration for the sake of consistency or speed is a one-way ticket to burnout. It’s art, the art of storytelling, and like any other art it’s quality is 100% based on the passion behind it. If you’re exited for it, fulfilled by it, than that’s what you should be pursuing. Never treat your art as a product, our input may matter but in the end your preference, your desire, takes precedence.

All your quests are great. But that’s because you can feel the intention and emotion behind every word and every picture. If you’re forcing yourself to do it? It’s just not the same. At the risk of sounding like a cliché for the ages: follow your heart. Art is not about duty or obligation or even what your audience wants; it’s about expression, and that is something you just can’t force. So if passion tells you to write Arzfayz, Dead Dust can wait.

Besides, choosing between your quests is like choosing an Ice-cream flavor: one might be your favorite, but you’re hardly compromising by picking something else.
>>
No. 131289 ID: 891b91

Thanks for your input, everyone -- I think I'll go with a bit of a compromise, for the time being. I'm going to shoot for updating Dead Dust 2-3 times for every time I update Arzfayz and Flora, at least until the next thread of Dead Dust is complete. Once that's done, I might put DD on hiatus until the first threads of Arzfayz and Flora are complete, although I'm not completely decided on that yet.
>>
No. 131300 ID: eb1fcc

>>131253
I think the chapter approach is the best way to accomplish this, yeah. I like all your quests but arz is the only one I'm able to currently keep up with thanks to time pressure.

It's cool that you juggle so many, but this is very much an update-speed oriented format :6
>>
No. 131305 ID: 15a025

>>131253
>>131289
Late to the party, but I'm fine with either plan.
>>
No. 131335 ID: 719d94

Well, dividing your attention between two quests at once... how have you been doing it? It probably is rough to push yourself to switch gears, but if you're jumping back and forth as inspiration strikes you that's a lot more reasonable.

Personally I'm used to quests often having a slow update pace and sometimes undergoing significant hiatuses, so I'm fine whether you decide to break things into chapters, continue running two quests concurrently, or run one quest at a time and switch whenever fancy takes you. Just do what works best for you as the author.

(I suspect that switching gears for extended periods in the middle of chapters would be real frustrating to some readers, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.)
>>
No. 131336 ID: 864e49

First, Discord?

Second, I've always been of the belief that it doesn't matter how slow a quest is so long as it doesn't die.
Quests dying cause the author felt like they had some responsibility to us and/or ended up overburdened is one of the worst things for me.
>>
No. 131342 ID: e5e15e

>>131336
theres a tgchan discord now.
>>
No. 131356 ID: 845319

>>131253
Yeah, that would probably be better. Personally I wasn't aware you were doing more than one at once but it makes sense in hindsight. Personally I find that when splitting my attention between multiple things if I don't have sufficient time/progress on each individual thing it makes all of them as a whole slow down. Though honestly I'm only really focused on Dead Dust, even if the others seem nice.

Also, does anyone know where I can find the Discord link?
>>
No. 131357 ID: eba8a7

>>131356
Here's a link to the post here with the invite link: >>/meep/29292

I'm thinking we could do with a pinned thread with the Discord link, rather than buried in a post in a site suggestion thread in the General Discussion board.
>>
No. 131440 ID: 49e4d4

I have to admit I'm curious why Roz thinks that way. Is it JUST because of Millie? Or do people know more about their pasts than they think? This kind of judgement seems like it's something that's really hard to quantify based on nothing but suppositions and heresay.

They may have been approaching it differently- fully believing that if they were that way, they had to stay that way, as opposed to more of a history/fact finding mission that, like was said, has little to nothing to what they're doing now. Really, it sounds like most of them were scared out of it rather than actually had any measure of success. Perhaps there was a number of Vespers who discovered something about themselves and got obsessed with those small pieces?
>>
No. 131451 ID: a0dfd2

>>131440

This response is going to contain some pretty heavy shit.

Raw taffa in sufficient quantity is tantamount to suicide. In fact, it might as well be, as we saw for those left completely burned out. Death isn't limited to the loss of life, after all; the complete eradication of the ego, of the self, is a form of death.

The "dead dust" in the title is part of that; the expulsion of this past self due to corruption from taffa, resulting in the blank slate that Penny has become.

Now imagine if you'd attempted to commit suicide, whatever the reason, and "succeeded," only to lose all of your memories -- an identical scenario to what is presumed of Penny and the rest of the Vesper Society. That isn't something someone can easily look on dispassionately, even if it was "their old self." Trauma may be able to be regarded coldly, as objective fact, but when that trauma is your own ... there's a reason that psychiatric professions exist, that people struggle for years (if not their entire lives) to understand what they go through.

Now imagine you've learned every reason why your past self chose to die -- not bodily, but the complete eradication of the self, in what I presume must be the equivalent of making their dust non-recoverable, given hints found throughout the quest.

Even if it wasn't the present "you" who did this, you still chose to take your own life and destroy who you were. That is, like the circumstances which bred it, not something which is easy to accept in any sense. And given what we know of Millie, she could be described as being in a dissociative fugue, a form of psychogenic amnesia -- having experienced such stress in learning her past, that her mind has effectively fragmented and created a new persona -- a new ego -- to protect itself from this knowledge.

In a syndrome that is embodied by the complete loss of identity and subsequent ipseity disturbances ... yes, I would say that learning of what led to your former self's desire for complete and total eradication would be deeply and profoundly disturbing.
>>
No. 131500 ID: 891b91

Just wanted to make a quick progress update -- as you might have guessed, I've been pretty busy lately with schoolwork, since the semester's coming to a close and I have multiple projects due soon. Thankfully it'll be over after another week, so I plan to get back to updating more frequently within the next couple weeks.

Regarding the discussion a month ago about quest pacing and rate of updates, I've decided that I'm going to mostly stick to a schedule of 3 Dead Dust updates, followed by an update each for Arzfayz and Flora. I might tweak it here and there as needed, to account for cases where I want to keep going for another update or two with one quest before switching to another, but most of the time I'm going to mainly focus on keeping the ball rolling with DD. That'll continue until the next Dead Dust thread is complete, at which point I'll reassess things and decide how I want to proceed from there.

>>131336
As others have said already, you can find me on the QuestDen Discord server. I haven't been very active there lately, though, again because of school.

>Second, I've always been of the belief that it doesn't matter how slow a quest is so long as it doesn't die.
>Quests dying cause the author felt like they had some responsibility to us and/or ended up overburdened is one of the worst things for me.
I agree, and I'm well aware of the pitfalls that come with letting running a quest feel like work rather than fun. I try to keep in mind that I'm doing this for me as much as I'm doing it for the audience, and that it's okay to slow down if I need a break. I am grateful for everybody's patience, though, and I have every intention of seeing these quests through to the end.
>>
No. 131542 ID: 891b91
File 157572214682.png - (298.39KB , 1818x1628 , pennymono.png )
131542

uh oh penny turned into a neumono
>>
No. 131543 ID: cdabe3

>>131542
Best ending

too bad her boobs didn’t fill out though :P
>>
No. 131544 ID: 015bf2

>>131542
It is a mystery most profound.
>>
No. 131549 ID: 9e04c9

>>/quest/951131
>Aw yeah, got it all to ourselves
Boo, got a dud. I mean, it's too bad that we don't get to share the enjoyment of being in a spa with other people. Yep.

I wonder what happened to Roz's nudist club then. I thought there would be one here. I guess the bet the receptionist has with Roz then was just in general and unrelated to the spa then.

>the water is cold
Is the water cold, or is it simply Penny's perception that makes it seem this way? Was there someone in this tub before Penny and they wanted to cool down, or was this water just right for them? One thing's for sure. Penny's not Canadian.

Also, nice job on Penny's legs... and the background kobold dong :P

>>/quest/951132
>how much male anatomy appeals to you
It's a bit hard to say how much would fit without trying ;)

But yeah, it feels like bad luck that there's not much male traffic at the spa right now. Then again, there were some people in the shower stalls earlier, so I think it's just a matter of time before someone comes along.

>having to resort to staring at some dude's body from across the room
Hey, better than nothing!

>You wonder if she'd even care if she noticed
With how her hair always covers her eyes, we can't really tell. Assuming she has eyes, of course.
Hmm. Surely Roz wouldn't intentionally cover her eyes like that, would she? So that she could spot people staring at her without them knowing that she's looking back? It's... plausible lol
And then it's just a matter of Roz asking Penny if she wants a go.

Anyway, as always, nice job on Roz's assets! It's pretty funny seeing Penny staring embarrassed.

>you could probably go back there
Probably. If enough pervs besides me voted for it. Or if there was a good opportunity for it.

>>/quest/951133
>something just seems wrong about your whole situation
It's hard to tell but yeah, we did get a couple of clues about it in our interactions with Mint (fuzziness) and Roz (humans). However, I don't think pressing Roz further about it would be a good idea at this time.

>She went lookin' for answers off-shelf
What I wonder here is if what Millie did is something that's allowed in the Vesper society. I did have a theory about the dangers of seeking your past self (>>129490), but if Millie really did that and it didn't kill her, then maybe this ethos of Vesper isn't that important to uphold. Still, I feel that before we go digging in our own past, it's crucial that we learn what happened to Millie first. I mean, it's entirely possible that what changed Millie has little or nothing to do with her own past, in which case the dangers of having your dust damaged by this act remains. Or perhaps Millie is simply lucky to have survived.

>I just don't wanna lose another friend
Roz definitely doesn't want Penny digging into her own past and it seems Millie is the reason for this. But I wonder if Millie is the only reason for it. I think that Roz knows more, but feels that telling us about Millie would be enough to persuade us

Anyway, let's hope the heat from the spa doesn't cause Penny to accidentally pass out hehe.
>>
No. 131552 ID: b521ed

>>131542
>Penny turned into a Neumono.
Ultimate life-form achieved.
>>
No. 131560 ID: 891b91
File 157579597606.png - (543.99KB , 2221x2104 , neumonoroz.png )
131560

Roz makes a surprisingly good neumono, I think
>>
No. 131577 ID: a0dfd2

>>131542

Thank you for this. It made my day.
>>
No. 131607 ID: 336cc0

Alright, so we know to keep the topic of Millie (and the outside in general) away from Roz. I wonder just how many people will be attending this festival. Maybe we can put in a subtle inquiry or two about our Delaney, although it'd have to be careful. We should also try to be less obvious about our inquiries, otherwise I'm sure people are goong to talk to higher ups and result in us being watched closely.

I'm SO in this for the intrigue and story as opposed to the lewd that I'm a bit worried the latter will distract from the former, but I trust teegee.
>>
No. 131613 ID: 891b91

>>131607
If anything, the former is probably going to distract from the latter, in the medium-to-long term. For the most part, anyway.
>>
No. 131614 ID: 864e49

>>131613
Good
>>
No. 131639 ID: 16955b

>>131613
I just hope you don't skip parts when it comes to sex or extremely lewd stuff.
>>
No. 131641 ID: 9e04c9

>>/quest/951372
>wonder if it could happen to more people I care about
So she didn't know that this could happen? I wonder if that's because she's not a Quatra yet and she's inexperienced on these matters, or it's genuinely a rare event.

>It's like I don't even know her anymore.
Considering body-swapping is possible, could it be that it's actually someone else in Millicent's body? Nah, any dust scan would've revealed that, so I think the chance of this is extremely low. Either something happened to her dust or her memories.

>>/quest/951373
>He's naked, of course
Like everyone else that we've seen in this bathhouse so far. What kind of a bathhouse is this...

>he's kinda got a nice butt.
The behind's important yes, but we can't be sure until she sees the front as well. Still, I like the fact that she's not averted.

>Oh. That's his... his thingy, isn't it.
Penny really wishes she had one of those now, doesn't she?

>>/quest/951374
>You tear your gaze away
Some tasks are harder than others.

>kicking idly through the water
Is this really only water?

>we kinda handle everything with entertainment 'n art 'n stuff around here.
Being all srs bzns all the time, Penny doesn't strike me as an entertainer hehe

>the fair
I wonder what's the purpose of this fair. I'd guess it's mostly to raise money for the shelf, but who knows what sort of things go on behind closed doors.

>it's the only time we actually let outsiders on the shelf
It makes sense that, like any hospital, outside visitors would only be allowed in provisionally. What's interesting to note here is that Vesper actually owns the whole shelf.

>some people come just 'cuz they're curious.
Curious to see Roz's assets heh
>>
No. 131660 ID: a0dfd2

>>131641

>Vesper owns Red Shelf

You know, I'd not put much thought into it, but now I'm rather curious quite HOW this came to be. Is it a set-aside, some kind of government arrangement to keep all the taffa syndrome sufferers (I think we should call them "taffies") cordoned off -- especially considering the approved use of the sigil? Or do Cider and her counterparts have access to impressive means that haven't yet been revealed?

>Millie

I think you've got the right of it; Roz doesn't yet have all the information, but she knows enough people to begin piecing things together -- at least inside her own Dar. So what she knows is that Millie left for a different Dar, delved into her past (perhaps not in that order), and now Millie is Sillie™ and their friendship is in tatters.

In hindsight:

* Roz trying to get us to not follow Millie makes sense, given her emotional attachment to the situation, and her being Roz. I think we can also infer that her present knowledge, position within the Vespers, and her personality would make what she says MUCH more likely to be in-character rather than a Big Red Flag of "don't pursue this" from teegee -- basically giving us something of a choice in what we want to believe, kind of like with Cider.

* I think as well that the holo-tattoo thing might have actually been a silent way for Millie to say "come find me, look for this symbol." Perhaps there's another faction within the Vespers that Millie has fallen in with.
>>
No. 131665 ID: 891b91

>>131639
No, I don't plan on skipping through any lewd scenes. I've said in the past that I will allow for lewdness to whatever degree suggesters go for it, so long as it is believable within the confines of the plot, characters, setting, etc. As the plot progresses, though, Penny will probably end up in some situations that don't lend themselves to believable lewdness at all, and in those instances the plot/intrigue/etc. will necessarily distract from some suggesters' lewd ambitions. This doesn't mean that opportunities for lewd content won't exist in the future, but rather that for various plot reasons they might appear less frequently as the quest progresses.


>>131660
>I think we can also infer that her present knowledge, position within the Vespers, and her personality would make what she says MUCH more likely to be in-character rather than a Big Red Flag of "don't pursue this" from teegee -- basically giving us something of a choice in what we want to believe, kind of like with Cider.
Since this is meta-commentary, I think it isn't spoiling anything for me to say that you've got it right: this is Roz speaking as Roz, not me telegraphing a warning to stay away from Millie.
>>
No. 131666 ID: 9e04c9

>>131660
>Roz trying to get us to not follow Millie
Roz never implied such a thing. Only that we shouldn't believe that we're special or try finding out about our past self. In other words, we're free to visit Millie to check out dar Ormi.

>the holo-tattoo thing
Perhaps we should look for a reflective surface (if only there was one nearby... :p) and look under our own ears. Well, we can do this at any time, so there's no rush. Probably when Roz isn't nearby.
>>
No. 131689 ID: 9e04c9

>>/quest/951864
So guys, what's your guess on what the other Penny could be?
>>
No. 131691 ID: b40fdf

>>131689
A hallucination caused by not taking our schizophrenia medication.
>>
No. 131692 ID: a0dfd2

>>131689

My in-world guess would be one of the fragments of our former self that Cider talked about, embodied in a "familiar" projection of our current self.

My meta-answer is a briefly available window into secrets that we should leverage if we wish to delve deeper into who and what we are, why we are this way, and what, precisely, happened for it to occur.

My "this is questden" answer is: after thinking about sex and our preferences, we're going to fantasize a version of ourselves that allows us to experiment (for the purpose of humor when Roz walks in on it) with either a guy or girl at our choosing, thus getting to build out more of Penny's character with regards to future relationships, based on reader feedback to Lizard Junk.
>>
No. 131693 ID: fd5772

>>131689
We're about to get a lead, partner. Next clue to the case! We're gonna talk to this thing right? And we're gonna talk to people about the fact we're hallucinating ourselves, just in case we're experiencing medical problems from erasing our ego that result in hallucinations.

Or maybe we're 'bout to get shocked that some people share our "body type", which would be weird since we haven't seen to two people who look the same since we left that building we woke up in.
>>
No. 131695 ID: 9e04c9

There's clearly a reason why the other Penny isn't wiggling. For instance, it could be that, because Penny has her eyes closed, that she's not seeing it. In which case, it's also possible that the other Penny isn't actually an illusion.

Actually, since Penny has her eyes closed, how would she know that there's someone there? Do our suggestions to interact even make sense right now?
>>
No. 131697 ID: a0dfd2

>>131695

Imagination
>>
No. 131847 ID: 404f0f

>>/quest/953251
>Omen doesn't respond.
It seems there are many things which it cannot talk about. Simply giving us a list of names would obviously be too easy hehe.

>Your surroundings melt away and reform, giving way to your will
Good. Now to summon a few naked males...
I'm kidding. I'm actually surprised that it worked so well. That Penny is mentally sound enough to do this and stay in control. It's as if she'd practiced in the past.

>Surprisingly, it doesn't bother you
Maybe it doesn't bother Penny, but it bothers me haha. I mean, in one's dream, your own body is usually one of the most easily defined and controlled things, so it's a bit strange that it would stay blurred. Maybe this is a result of some deeper repressed thing.

>A liar sleeps here
We can assume that it means Cider, but we can't be certain. It could be that with "here" it means this whole house, and even if it's the couch alone, it's possible that multiple people sleep here occasionally. I'd actually find it strange if Cider wouldn't occasionally enjoy some male or female company at night, so we can't know which specific person it is that Omen is referring to.

>We immerse in the shuddering expanse beneath.
Beneath, sub, subconsciousness. Most likely yes, a dreamscape.

>Intention floods the expanse. Directness at this distance would invite... interference.
The word interference here could mean that some third party could notice this communication. And interrupt or intercept it.
However, what most people seem to miss here is that, if we take the former sentence into account, what Omen could mean is the interference to the intention of this expanse. Where this expanse, Penny's dreamscape has a certain intention, a certain flow to it that shouldn't be disturbed. In other words, if Omen was more direct with its communication, it would simply wake Penny up, because instead of throwing water balloons, sending precise information would be like shooting nails into Penny's head.

So yeah, it doesn't necessarily mean that spying is involved.

>>/quest/953252
>You aren't quite desperate enough to have dream-sex with a monstrous doppelganger of yourself. You think.
If Omen knows all about Penny, then wouldn't it also know where all the Penny's G-spots are?

>Spiritual congress... would narrow the gap
Since this was a response to Penny having lewd thoughts about Omen, it could mean that spiritual congress, in this case, simply means some lovemaking. However, it could also mean a number of other things, such as recovering Penny's old memories, falling in love, reducing physical distance, exchanging ideas, feelings, creating friendship, etc. Should we be taking Omen on a date while in dreams?

As for "narrowing the gap", we can assume that it refers to the distance Omen mentioned previously, the distance, due to which it has to be cryptic with its communication. Of course, it's also possible that it means something else. Narrowing the gap, closing the gap, closing the hole... maybe Omen simply wants to plug Penny's h*les haha... I'm sorry.

>Powerful hands pull at the Gordian knot! The blade they cannot wield rests in your lap. Some seek to stay your hand, others to guide it... but few to cleave the knot in twain.
What Omen is saying here is that there seem to be three types of forces at play. The ones that want to control Penny's blade themselves, the ones that want to prevent her from using it, and the ones that want to use it to cut the knot.
In other words, the vast majority want to either use it for their own gain, or lock it away. But only a few want to use it for its original intended purpose. What the knot is, what the blade is, and who the forces actually are is anyone's guess however. But most likely they're not limited to within Vesper.

>how long do you have until Roz comes back?
Dunno, but from personal experience I can say that a few minutes in real life can stretch to a few hours in dreams.

In general, I like this update because it reveals a sort of a grand scheme of things, so a lot of food for thought. And I personally find Omen cute and pretty easy to understand. However, some readers may find it scary and its words confusing. I think that as long as the cryptic parts aren't too important to the story, that it should be fine.
>>
No. 131852 ID: a0dfd2

Am I the only one who finds it interesting that Omen / Dollar essentially has Roz's face?

Not entirely her dentition (canines are too pronounced for sharkface), but it could be a lot of subconscious projection going on.
>>
No. 131858 ID: 6a2d5d

dust tastes good
>>
No. 131874 ID: a0dfd2

>>131847

Gotta agree on most every count of your observations here!

Though oddly, as someone who experiences fairly regular lucidity (of varying degrees) in dreams, I find that a physical body or self is rarely if ever defined, so much as sensed, until it's necessary within the parameters of the dream.

... though that could be manifestations of various mental health issues, but my understanding of psychiatric influences upon the dreaming mind -- and equally how one's perception of the self, like the occasionally dissociative nature of dreams -- translates into unwaking perception.
>>
No. 131875 ID: fd5772

I think having sex with the apparition is a bad idea. I don't like the idea of strong psychic connection with someone we just met.

At least we now have reason to be suspicious of our own origins. No way we can stay locked up in Vespers.
>>
No. 131876 ID: e51896

>>131875
I agree, I can't help but feel this is a trap we're walking into. Everything has it's price after all, and I feel there is going to be a hefty price to pay if Penny continues.
>>
No. 131877 ID: 10c408

>>131876
Sadly, the votes didn't allow for this. My theory that Omen COULD in fact read our thoughts was proven, but now that spiritual congress has started, might as well get as much information as possible.
>>
No. 131879 ID: 404f0f

> >>131875 >someone we just met.
What you mean to say is that you don't think they're trustworthy, right? The thing is, even if we talked to Omen a hundred times, I don't think that this perception would change. This is because they can only communicate through dreams, so we'd always be limited in our ability to communicate with them, and their answers would always be ambiguous. Whether their answers turn out to be true or false would be something entirely up to our own interpretation (for instance, when they said that "a liar sleeps here", even if Cider told a lie, we don't know if it was Cider that Omen was talking about, or whether it was actually a lie) and due to this, it would be more or less impossible to prove that they're trustworthy even if they were trying to do that.

Since Omen's trustworthiness isn't something we can easily prove or disprove, the fact that they're someone we just met is not a useful argument we can consider in our decisions regarding them. In this case, waiting wouldn't do us any good and it would logically make more sense to make our decisions for Omen sooner. Also because if we decided sooner, we'd also get better information sooner.

> >>131876 >Everything has it's price after all
Considering Omen said that their job was to prepare us for the future, and since getting closer to them serves this purpose, it's possible to assume that that's all they want and that there's actually no negative consequences here. That there's no price to pay. Of course, we can't be sure of this.

I'd also like to point out that, unfortunately, we can't expect our old memories to just come flying by. If it was possible for the taffa syndrome sufferers to recover their old memories, then Vesper wouldn't be doing what they do, and you wouldn't have hospitals forcing artificially-constructed memories on people.

So yeah, it's a risk-reward thing. Omen clearly gave us a choice on whether we want to go through with this (which also implies that they can't really force it), so it's on us to weigh the pros and cons. Personally, I'd follow the old saying nothing ventured, nothing gained, simply go with it and not worry about it. If nothing else, it makes the story more interesting.

> >>/quest/953691 >>We're essentially becoming one
Omen said that "The memory is unforgettable". So I think it's more likely that this is about creating shared memories and not about becoming one.

> >>/quest/953760 >Our collective hornyness is pushing her into a situation that she clearly isn't 100% comfortable with.
While this may be true, it doesn't mean that it's a bad thing. There are several reasons.
- Life isn't so simple that you'd always be able to do only things which you're comfortable with, so this happening is nothing unusual
- It would make for a very boring quest if the characters were only doing comfortable things as there would be no action, no conflict, and no challenging situations
- The character is properly expressing our subconsciousness. They're following our suggestions and this is a simple result of that

Maybe you feel that we should be acting nicer to the character, and that's really nice of you, but by itself that has very little to do with the general appeal of the quest and the plot itself. At the end of the day, I think that pushing your personal moral worldview on other suggesters isn't a good idea and that your dilemma would instead be more easily solved through suggestions for Penny. For instance, if you simply suggested that Penny enjoys her time with Omen, wouldn't that actually cause her to be more comfortable?

> >>/quest/953763 >losing all agency within a situation wherein we are no longer certain of our own consciousness
Since we were able to make a conscious choice to change our surroundings, I think it's pretty much proven that we're both conscious and that we have agency. Therefore, I disagree with the implications you put forth.

> >>/quest/953779 >there are other ways to get our memories back
We don't know of any other ways, so I'm not sure why you wrote this. But there's plenty of arguments that I wrote above which I think are relevant and which may alleviate your concerns.
>>
No. 131882 ID: e51896

>>131879
>We don't know of any other ways
one of the services Delaney Security Services specializes in is memory acquisition and analysis. They can help retrieve memories if we can somehow contact them. Plus Penny seems to be connected to them in some way with her jumpsuit being owned by them. Thats why I wrote that. It sometimes pays better to be patient.
>>
No. 131883 ID: 3ae33e

>>131882

We can't afford to "be patient" and try to waste time trying to find a way to contact Delaney for help. With how shady Vesper is, we need information ASAP before they brainwash poor Penny.
>>
No. 131886 ID: 404f0f

>>131882
Memory acquisition and analysis...
No, I don't think that's what you believe it is.

You see, they're a security firm, and as such they deal with security-related things. Such as theft, crime, detective work, etc. So in this case, "memory acquisition" would be related to memory theft, stealing or exchanging memories, memory salons and whatnot, where memories can be manipulated and moved around.

This is very different from Penny's situation, which not a result of any crime, but a medical condition. All evidence points to the fact that Penny's memories were erased with raw taffa, not stolen, so there's no known place or a person her memories could be acquired from.

Delaney can't get Penny's memories back. This is proven in the story where it's mentioned (>>/quest/920579) that "artifically-constructed memories are forced on taffa syndrome sufferers in the hospitals". The fact that even hospital doctors are unable to retrive such erased memories and are forced to use artificially-constructed ones instead, proves that Delaney wouldn't be able to do it either.
>>
No. 131887 ID: 10c408

>>131886
Your argument on what delaney can and cannot do rests entirely on the word of mouth from one character, with no corroboration from any other sources of information to prove one way or the other if we've been told things that are in fact actually true.

And on top of that, Omen indirectly claimed that the person who gave us this knowledge in the first place lied to us, so your already fragile claim is even more in doubt.
>>
No. 131889 ID: a0dfd2

Guys, this has gotten pretty fucked up.

I get it, most of us can't even seem to remember our rebellious remarks against Cider or our attempt to work with Q and learn more about Delaney -- and also Moira, who's still dead by the way, as far as we know -- or why it was we wanted to get out of here in the first place.

We seem to have forgotten everything the instant we got flashed with Roz's tits.

But without a place to call our own, without a cover we can conveniently hide behind if shit goes wrong, we're just some unregistered idiot on their own. No memory, no affiliations, no help. And rather than being brought back to Vesper and given a talking to if we fuck up, we're in some hospital, getting our head pumped full of lies the instant the word "taffa" even leaves our mouth otherwise.

And nobody seems to realize that.

Instead we've gone on a fucking bender and we're now trying to basically have sex with ourself in the midst of a goddamned hallucination where one of our inquiries is rightly "prove to me this isn't all a dream," because the nightmare plot device is speaking in fucking riddles and most of us don't seem to comprehend what "spiritual congress" means in the wake of having committed suicide.

Because we did. Multiple times. And apparently we forgot about that, too.

But sure. Is Cider likely being manipulative with us? Quite possibly, but she's also leading a social commune that is steadily gaining legitimacy with the authorities of the shelf and in charge of a bunch of equally post-suicidal substance abusers with acute and permanent retrograde amnesia. Whom we number amongst.

Is Roz a bimbo with a heart of gold as big as her tits? Yes, absolutely, but she's also the only person who has really opened up to us and shown a genuine level of care.

Can we stay here and work with them, establishing a base of operations and creating a social webwork that allows us to use them as proxies in our stead, protecting ourselves whilst we hunt down our past and interrogate Millie for answers?

You're damned right we can.

But instead we've forgotten that. We jumped at the first promise of tits again. Just like last time. And the time before that.

We don't even know who Q is, outside of being a junker with cool hair who knows her way around illegitimate business. And considering how Preston reacted back at intake, we're deep in it, and stepping foot of Red Shelf without a lifeline and a cover to work behind is the stupidest thing we can do right now.

So maybe instead of bickering about whether or not that same Gordian Knot is what we believe it is or if we can trust the word of the thing that's looking pretty close to raping us and jumping into the first warm hole we see and making all of this even more uncomfortable and unnecessary than it is, we can actually sit down, think, and use the fact that we aren't a goddamned husk with no memories to our advantage.

Because it was cute and a fun teasing Penny before and getting our bluffs repeatedly called; even the bath house was a nice departure to the land of exposition-thick fanservice. But this? This is just creepy and getting progressively more gross.
>>
No. 131890 ID: e7c7d3

>>131889
It's legit that you find this gross. I'm not seeing the problems that you are, but I won't tell you that you're wrong for that.

Complaining about QuestDen being horny, however, is a futile effort. The nature of the audience getting distracted is also an unfortunate result of this method of story telling. The audience is always shifting with each person having different agendas and different levels of engagement. Keep in mind that there are people who want Penny to have sex over actually figuring out the mystery of the current plot.

Also also, this is by no means an mutually exclusive situation like you're making it out to be. We can have spiritual congress with Omen, we can do all that stuff that you're suggesting, we can see Delaney, and everything else. Just cause some people, (myself admittedly included,) want Penny to see some lady action doesn't mean that we're against figuring out what's going on.

There's stuff here that I think you're wrong about, like you're concerned that we're ignoring that Penny has committed memory suicide many times before, but that info is one of the things we're trying to get out of Omen. Heck, I don't know where I've mentioned it, but my current theory that Omen is our past selves a la Avatar style. But who knows! Point is, don't take our disagreement that people are actively working against you to ruin the plot.
>>
No. 131891 ID: 6c7837

>>131889
I have to largely agree with you fellow personally. I feel like we've lost sight of how we initially were playing the character. >>131890 brings up some good points for why this is happening, even if I don't agree with the entirety of the message. The way the quest is structured means that some posters won't be here, and different ones may show up. What's more, the place is really really horny for whatever reason (the reason is it'sQuestDen and we/they're always horny), and that is influencing decisions. For the worse, IMO. Means we lose sight of context to make important decisions. Teegee is handling this issue with aplomb, and I commend him for doing his best to keep things from going off the rails, but its quite the fight to prevent such an intriguing world from devolving into just a smutquest.
>>
No. 131892 ID: 6c7837

>>131890
Also, just to note on my last statement. I don't think people are maliciously trying to ruin the plot either. But I do fret it's happening regardless.
>>
No. 131893 ID: 10c408

>>131892
There are voting blocs being formed, same as what happened during the later parts of the coxwette quest.

Those that are voting for things they believe will lead to more pictures of a very specific nature, and those who are voting for literally everything else.

I'm probably paranoid, but there's been more votes in total for the current update than there were in the last several and a lot of those were from account names I've not seen in either thread thus far.

That said, it's a bit hyperbolic to say that the plot is being destroyed by this division. It is certainly being marred heavily in my opinion, but not "destroyed"
>>
No. 131894 ID: 404f0f

>>131889
>Because we did. Multiple times.
This statement is unproven. Omen saying, "Names are fleeting. How many have you left behind?", neither implies that we died as a result of a suicide, nor that it happened multiple times.

>that is steadily gaining legitimacy
Incorrect. Vesper is already a fully legit and government-supported organization.

>post-suicidal substance abusers
Implying that everyone who lost their memories had it happen as a result of a suicide, or that they were substance abusers, would be a faulty generalization. For one, we know that raw taffa has lawful uses.

>most of us can't even seem to remember
>We seem to have forgotten
>nobody seems to realize
>most of us don't seem to comprehend
>we forgot about that
I hope that you're aware that statements such as these sound like projection.

That said, there are three points that I'd like to make.
Firstly, we aren't forgetting anything. Instead, what I'd say is going on is that... people change. We change. As new facts are uncovered and we become more familiar with our surroundings, our perception changes as well. Our understanding of the characters around us adapts. And as it does, our suggestions for Penny change as well, which, consequentially, is reflected in her subconsciousness. We are not static.
Secondly, I don't know why you're in such a hurry, but I'm sure that we'll get to everything in its due time. You shouldn't get agitated just because you feel that we're inefficient or aren't taking the shortest route through the plot. After all, a quest is all about the journey. And who knows, maybe the current events are actually a shortcut? How do you know what is necessary and what is not?
Lastly, unexpected things happening to quest characters is nothing unusual. Creepy and gross? Yeah, plot elements can be like that. I'd argue that if a quest author is able to invoke strong feelings in the audience, then they're doing a masterful job.

>>131891
>For the worse
I'm offended :p
But you shouldn't worry because, well, teegee already explained it here: >>123419.
>>
No. 131895 ID: e7c7d3

>>131893
I sincerely hope that the quest discussions won't devolve into the tired "hardboy vs. softboy" argument.

I don't think we're quite at risk of that yet though. (Admittedly, I don't tend to read other suggestions too much once I've posted one, for the most part.) Sort of stating my one point again, the lewds don't mean that progress is not going to happen. Most suggestions right now prompting for the sex are still choosing which questions they feel we should ask Omen. "We get answers and we get to see tiddy? Win/win!" Is how I'd sum most of the intent behind these lewd votes. (What it looks to me, anyways, these things can be hard to read online.)

If people are worried about the straight up yes/no vote for spiritual congress in the last update. I want to say that's a bit of an outlier, brought on by a comment on the discord.
>>
No. 131897 ID: 891b91

>>131889
>This is just creepy and getting progressively more gross.
Originally I had written several paragraphs of spoilers about Omen to explain why I'm writing things this way, but I ended up scrapping it because I think it would carry too much risk of strongly affecting suggesters' theories and opinions. Instead, what I will say is that if Omen's forcefulness creeps you out, you aren't wrong to feel that way; to some degree I intended for at least some of the audience to have that reaction to her. I just hope that it's clear that Omen's demeanor and actions are relevant to the quest's plot overall, rather than simply being fetish fuel.

>>131891
>its quite the fight to prevent such an intriguing world from devolving into just a smutquest.
>>131892
>I don't think people are maliciously trying to ruin the plot either. But I do fret it's happening regardless.
>>131893
>That said, it's a bit hyperbolic to say that the plot is being destroyed by this division. It is certainly being marred heavily in my opinion, but not "destroyed"
I don't blame anyone for having these concerns, but from my perspective things are very far from going off the rails. While Penny's actions are a significant part of what determines the quest's plot, the other major determinant is the motivations and actions of other characters and groups in the quest's universe, which progress regardless of Penny's actions. Simply put, there are things in motion that will affect Penny and likely will occur in one way or another regardless of what she does; her actions mostly have the potential to modulate how these events play out, rather than deciding whether the events to happen in the first place. If we assume a worst case scenario of Penny becoming completely distracted and complacent, the outcome would probably be that she would be unprepared for future events, when they occur. That wouldn't bring the plot to a standstill, but instead would just be one of various avenues for the quest to progress along.

The events in question also pretty much guarantee that Dead Dust is incapable of becoming just a smutquest, in the long run -- it's hard to be distracted by sex when [BIG IMPORTANT EVENT THAT VERY MUCH INVOLVES YOU] is happening. That being said, if my reassurances here aren't satisfying, I'd be interested in hearing your concerns in more detail -- how is the plot being ruined/marred/etc., in your eyes?

>>131895
>If people are worried about the straight up yes/no vote for spiritual congress in the last update. I want to say that's a bit of an outlier, brought on by a comment on the discord.
In retrospect, maybe I should've been less willing to discuss meta-aspects of ongoing quest votes, since I feel like I may have unintentionally encouraged vote brigading to some degree.
>>
No. 131900 ID: 4854ef

>>131891
Honestly it's starting to feel like "If you aren't voting this way it's wrong" in this sort of situation with how people are reacting on some level. Some people wanted lewds, Some wanted information about memories and this was a method of doing so, and yet everyone is getting lumped in "Hurr durr lewds" as if this choice had nothing more to do then sex.
>>
No. 131901 ID: 015bf2

>accidental vote brigading
Huh, I did wonder where the sudden influx of votes came from.

Now, if those voters can get off their butt fetishes to engage with the normal intercourse of events and fondle about for clues too, I'd be quite gay to play along with the thread's fancies. It's better than having the life sucked out of it it by fewer posters coming around over time. Then again, everyone coming all the time might be a little much, no?

(TAKE THIS, YOUR JUST REWARD)
>>
No. 131946 ID: 404f0f

>>/quest/954676
>You grab Omen's ear suddenly
Haha, that's one way to return Omen's favor!

>I'm not as submissive as you think
Something tells me that this is going to backfire just like that time when Penny dared Roz to... you know.

>What a welcome surprise, she cackles.
The fact that Omen endorses Penny's participation probably means that it would help with the communication. However, I can't really guess if that's all there is to Omen's intentions.

>>/quest/954677
>Omen slides herself away from you and opens your legs, and as she does so the scenery around you grows very dark.
Heh. From this one might assume that the way to Penny's memories is thought her nether region.

>odd, glowing structures
The glowing containers that we see are large enough to hold bodies, so perhaps that's what they were designed to do. It could be that the place is a cryo-chamber or a cloning facility, but it's hard to guess what goes on there.
The place also looks like it hasn't had any maintenance in a long time. This does link it to the previous memory of the entrance to the Taunton Microdynamics that we saw, which also looked abandoned. However, the entrance that we saw looked way too small, like an entrance to a small firm; not the kind that I would expect to lead to a large high tech facility. So we can't be certain that the two are linked.

>>/quest/954678
>You stole something from here.
Look, that Hot Vesper Mommas holo tape that someone forgot on their desk was just asking to get stolen!

>You drank taffa to escape the consequences.
I had a theory that another substance which mirrors the taffa syndrome existed, but it looks like that's not the case. Anyway...

The revelation here is pretty important. It implies that Penny didn't consume taffa due to substance abuse, or with the intention of suicide, but to escape consequences of stealing something. I would assume that the difficulty of escape and the consequences were pretty severe if drinking taffa was the only way out. Then again, Omen said that "it didn't work" so, it looks like Penny's memory loss was ineffective for whatever purpose it was to serve.

As for what we stole, the first thought that comes to mind would be "the blade". So the question is, was it "the blade" that we stole? Maybe. Maybe not. If it is the blade, then it would imply that the consequences of stealing are dictated by the people who are after the blade.
Of course, it's also possible that what we stole from this place is something else and we either had the blade already before, or we obtained it after.

>She finally relents, leaving you wanting more.
All these revelations really get Penny going, huh?

In general, excellent job on the art and writing. Mixing the plot and the lewd is usually something that's difficult to execute, but I think you pulled it off flawlessly here.
>>
No. 132024 ID: 9b97e0

>>/quest/955495
Nothing much to say here except that I like the art hehe

>>/quest/955496
>Your surroundings fade into darkness
The fade-to-black trope strikes again!

>a spherical hologram
A hologram of this world. The various shapes are the wards and shelves that we've seen. The cityscape in the bottom-left is probably the Old City.
The two sets of lines are likely the path that Omen's voice took before and after the tongue action. What's important to note here is the place where both paths start (the city) and where they end (the Red Shelf). This indicates one of two things. That either Omen is located in the Old City, or that they're using the Beacon as a non-transparent proxy.

>now you see mine -- and I can see yours
Geez, another huge reveal. So the wiggles that we see are the rhythm. I definitely had a strong suspicion of this and I even left a tip about it here:
> >>129492 >Can you feel it? Can you feel.. the rhythm?!
Altho what Mint feels and what Penny sees might not be the same. That's because Mint said that Penny, unlike everything else, isn't fuzzy at all. So it's a bit more complicated than that.
How to explain this? I can think of three theories.
- Mint feels a differential in the environment, where Penny leaves none
- Penny doesn't have anything of what Mint can detect
- Penny is passively blocking Mint from detecting anything about her

>>/quest/955497
>Rhythm surrounds us, pervades us. For some of us, it grows stronger when we... exert ourselves, and we leave our mark upon it.
The logical analysis of the following paragraph is trivial and is left to the readers as an exercise.
In other words, if I went and broke this down into every implication that could be drawn from these words, I'd be writing all day lol

>you flip over, taking Omen with you.
I wonder what Penny's wrestling name would be.

>You and I are alike in that way
If Omen resembles Penny in more than just looks, then perhaps they're not just a doppelganger.

I'd say that the whole segment with Omen is starting to reveal a bit too much information at once, rather than it being gradually spread throughout the story. But other than that, it's very well written.
>>
No. 132066 ID: 10c408

Soo, if I've got this right.. Penny's former self acquired the blade of illusion, used it to conceal itself and then committed suicide via taffa syndrome.

And now because there's going to be some impending disaster, we need to highlander the other blades since we can't become professor oak.

I'm sold, let's get started.
>>
No. 132080 ID: 9b97e0

>>/quest/956258
>This is our world
They almost make it sound like we're the guests here.

>you are not going to let her win at this
I would've preferred if Penny wasn't treating this as a game or as some sort of competition. That's not what sex is about heh. You're not winning or losing anything. inb4 a game-over screen

>the advantage of rhythm
It's interesting how the jolts are coming down Penny's butt, and how Penny's ears wobble really hard here. It's as if one's being converted to the other. Well, that's probably what's actually happening; Omen's rhythm is adding up with Penny's.

>>/quest/956259
>Dark figures
Hmm, a major reveal. It looks like there's six of them. And the third one from the right looks like, well, the size of that bust is somewhat unmistakable :P

>There are many blades in this world
With "many", besides ours, does she mean these six? In other words, it's possible that there are more but that only these six are relevant.

>they reject each other
If they all reject each other, there must be a good reason for it. That not a single pair of them would choose to work with one another. Then again, I wonder if they even know about their own powers and about the knot. Do they even know each other? Because if they do, then we'd only need to talk to one of them to be able to get the info on the others.

>>/quest/956260
>through its potential also the most powerful
Sounds OP. Until we find out that we're lvl 1 noob going against lvl 99 wizards.

>brings others into harmony
So many people that Penny's gonna have to sleep with haha

>a blade of illusion
Ah, the seventh. But, an illusion? Was Penny's qabel's death an illusion? Based on the fact that Omen said that we drank the taffa, it seems unlikely. Also, this might explain why Mint didn't feel anything about Penny. Actually, it might also explain why Omen couldn't find Penny while she was awake.

>you must obtain the rest -- or their bearers will destroy you utterly.
I'm having difficulty understanding what Omen meant with this. Get the blades or the bearers will come to kill us? Why would they want to kill us but not kill each other then? And if they're coming to Penny eventually, why would Penny have to pre-emptively seek them out? Hmm. It might be that they'd perceive Penny as a common enemy. Perhaps there's some sort of status quo going on and they'd want to get rid of Penny since she's a threat to it.

>>/quest/956261
>feedback loop
Actually, this might be the primary reason why Omen looks similar to Penny (assuming Omen could choose their avatar). So that it would be possible for Omen to initiate a feedback loop.

>She screams
Oh, I was not expecting Omen to be phased by this to this degree. Or at least I think it would've been better if they weren't. Maybe they weren't properly prepared.

The other interesting thing I'd like to point out here is that despite Penny's strong movement in this and the following part, Omen's body remains still. This means that the movement that we see is purely from the rhythm itself.
At the same time, I like how it illustrates the way Penny feels. After all, the rhythm is a part of her body, so it's not just a visual thing.

>>/quest/956263
>mind-obliterating, universe-shattering orgasm
Penny's secret weapon has been revealed.

>parts of your soul you never knew you had
So Penny never knew that she had an Omen-shaped hole in her Omen-shaped soul. Makes sense!

The speed of the wiggling here definitely confirms what Omen said before, that is, that the rhythm grows stronger when we exert ourselves.

>>/quest/956264
>explodes from within you
Man does Penny make a MESS!
I hope the suggesters won't become scared of repeating this in the future haha

RIP Omen. Sacrificed her life so Penny could bust a nut D:

>>/quest/956265
>vague figures scattered across the distance take notice of you
Geez, another huge reveal.
Now, we do see six of them. Is this a coincidence? Maybe. If we assume that Omen was supposed to be one of them but is temporarily missing, the number could rise to seven, which would coincide with the number of blades. However, this is discredited by the fact that... one of them just said that they're on Bellwether. If they can be on Bellwether and here at the same time, then there's no saying Omen couldn't do the same, which would mean that Omen is here and is one of the total six. Then again, it's also possible that Omen simply isn't connected to this place at the moment, or that one or more of them are off-screen on the panel.

>WHO IS THAT
The fact that they don't recognize us can be due to several things.
- They know who Penny is, but we look like same vague figure to them as they do to us. Either due to the nature of this place, or due to the blade of illusion. So until we engage in communication, they won't know who we are.
- They don't know who Penny is. In this case, it doesn't matter if we look like a vague figure or not.
I think that it's a bit more likely that they simply don't know who Penny is. This is because if Omen is not here, and we suddenly appeared here instead of Omen, they might think that we were Omen. However, it's clear that they were able to instantly tell that we're not Omen.

>relax this isnt the first time this has happened
Interesting, but nothing much I can assume from this. I think that Penny's former persona wasn't the one to enter this place before us. If they were, then I'd expect the reaction to be different. Because it would've been a much more recent event, I'd expect them to react more like "AGAIN?!".

>TYPHON IS THIS YOUR DOING
Typhon must be busy programming heh.

>I hope not, that's boring~ My money's on Nemo!
Hmm. This seems to indicate that Nemo isn't here right now.

>hey new guy can you uh come kill me im on bellwether
>haha that wasnt a joke uhhh please im begging you just fuckin destroy me uwu
Is this guy a masochist? lmao
Also, the typos and that uwu haha... if we're able to perceive those, then wouldn't it mean that we're in some sort of a chatroom?

Anyway, these guys don't seem to have any common agenda and I can't guess very well what they could be. However, I'm almost certain that they're not the blade-bearers themselves because Omen seems to be one of them.

A very interesting development. Certainly the most major event in the story so far.
>>
No. 132084 ID: e7c7d3

So how do people feel about nicknaming Omen "Dollar" during that exchange? Seemed like mixed results to me? It's just that HowDoIshotTrip mentioned in the discord about the possibility of naming the other mysterious after other currencies: nickel, quarter, pound, quid yen, peso, etc. Quite frankly, I think it'd be fun.

I'd suggest Mr. "please destroy me" should be either Loonie or Pound.
>>
No. 132085 ID: 9b97e0

>>132084
>how do people feel about nicknaming Omen "Dollar"
I think that that joke has run its course and that I simply don't find it humorous anymore. So I think that trying to preserve it would be a poor choice.

I also believe that nicknames should hold deeper meaning and be related to the character in a relevant way. For instance, giving a character with a long name a nickname that's an abbreviation of their name. Or if a character is good at something, a nickname that signifies this skill or some special achievement.

As fun as naming characters may be for you, I don't believe these characters are in need of new names. They're not throwaway characters and they already have names of their own. Also, if a character has a preferred way in which they want to be referred to, disregarding that would risk offending them. Considering that all of the characters in question are extremely powerful, it's not something I'd wager at this moment in the story.
>>
No. 132090 ID: b7d9f7

>>132085
I'm pretty sure Omen was nicknamed Dollar because at the time, they seemed to be more... complete than us? A fuller Penny, in other words, more informed and knowledgeable. But still very 'us'. Thus, nicknaming them a currency as Penny might be alluded to be, but a larger denomination.

As much fun as the passing joke of nicknaming everyone we can after currencies/denominations would be, it wouldn't be great unless we could find meaning for those names. Someone who is overly direct, brutish, and crude? Pound. Someone who is off their rocker and doesn't make any sense? Loonie/Toonie. Someone from a land that's clearly an analogue of Japan? Yen.

It's a little sad that Zimbabwe's inflated-to-fuck currency doesn't seem to have a unique name (just 'zimbabwe dollar') because then it'd be great for someone with a really inflated ego.
>>
No. 132091 ID: b1b4f3

>>132090
Nope. It's just referencing a genderswap version of Penny that people called Dollar.
>>
No. 132104 ID: b07f1c

>>/quest/956725
>You try to flex it, and you feel it do so, but there is no apparent effect
The solution here is simple. Penny first has to saturate the limb before she may use it on others or herself.

>they keep me on the center floor i think. just watch out for the guards
This implies that the person is kept in some sort of containment in a secured facility. Also, since they're on Bellwether, getting there doesn't seem possible at this time.

>she's on Red Shelf
Oops! It looks like Penny revealed her gender and location.

>Stop using your voice in here
Hmm. What if Penny tried communicating with video then? What sort of video would she livestream?
That reminds me. We need to get access to one of those terminals again...
>>
No. 132116 ID: 7ae67b

As >>/quest/956850 said, the chat IDs have the right number of digits and all use only characters that are valid for hexadecimal, so they could be colors.
If they are,
Penny (d01c35) is a kind of deep-red ██████████,
ff358f is a hot pink ██████████,
and 32b0cc is a slightly greenish blue ██████████.

Although this is only three examples. Could just be chance that these three IDs work as color codes.
>>
No. 132117 ID: b1b4f3

All the IDs are in hexadecimal so they will work as color codes, intentional or not.
>>
No. 132118 ID: a0dfd2

maybe we should ask all the other blades (gonna call them "b-tards" for now, lol) what their trip codes are
>>
No. 132123 ID: 7ae67b

The person who wants to die, cc45d0, has a magenta color ██████████.

I propose either Ceecee or Cas as a nickname for them.
>>
No. 132126 ID: b07f1c

>>/quest/956834
Now that I think about it, if they know that a new person appeared on the Red Shelf, it would be pretty obvious to them that we're with Vesper. And that we're most likely a person that had their memories recently erased because it makes less sense for the older residents to have any shifts in their dust. So we can pretty much assume that they know that we're a fresh zombie. Anyway...

>you become aware of a... running log of communications, and a clearer sense of who said what.
Yeah but, it's a bit hard to figure out which ID said what in the previous panel. Hmm.
32b0cc likes using "~" character
ff358f likes to insult everyone
cc45d0 can't use caps
We don't know the ID of the one that used all caps.

>...No, of course not.
That's exactly what a cop would say!

>we are all above the level of being policed by anyone but our own kind~
Their own kind... I think this could be understood in two ways. Either they're some sort of supernatural beings, or they're normal people but who ascended in a way. Heh, maybe we should ask them if they're humans.

>>/quest/956904
>It really does feel like you have an extra limb -- you can bring it close and examine its properties
Stop touching that Penny! Hmm. It's that long huh...

>orthogonal wave interference
The sticker said "illusion", not "stealth". I want our money back!

>you can use these names to help you make better sense of who's who
Or we could just, you know, ask them for their names.

>you'll try to get the others to refer to you as Dulcinea
I would've preferred Pancakes :p

>I didn't say you were intruding
He certainly implied that we were unwanted here. Anyway, since I was unsure who was the one that mentioned their "neck of the woods", I could only assume that with "intruding" he meant intruding into this chatroom.

>I'm not risking my hide
A-ha! So he has a hide! Now we know who he is!

>he let those fanatics on Bellwether capture him
Them fanatics always ruining all the fun. Altho I wonder if he actually let them, or just made a mistake. We'll probably need to ask more about these once we decide it's a good time for a visit to grandma's house.

>Who did it to them?
*squints eyes at Omen*

>Maybe you've been here all along, listening and never talking
From our perspective, he does make a logical fallacy here. If we were noticed as soon as we entered this place, it would be impossible for us to be here for a longer amount of time. What we don't know however is whether it's possible to enter the chatroom invisible. But even so, if we suddenly switched our status to visible, how would they know that we were new? Anyway, by pointing this out to him, he may or may not provide some valid explanation. The added bonus here is that if he sees that we were unaware of this one thing, it may occur to him that we really are new.
>>
No. 132130 ID: 7ae67b

The last person, abcb03, has a yellowish green color ██████████.
>>
No. 132131 ID: b07f1c

>>/quest/957001
>Hope you're satisfied..
I would only be satisfied if he vocalized his uwu

>not long after they were just gone
The question here is, how long is "not long after"? A few hours? Days?

>you had no choice but to make yourself known
So what they're saying is that there's no difference when a new person joins this space and when an invisible one becomes visible?

>That means the killer probably never goes invis, because if they did, they could miss information
And then they say that the killer is always visible... These two facts are at odds with one another. Either the killer is always visible, or, as in Penny's case, they just became visible and made a splash. Which one is it? Hmm. I suppose they could claim that we were visible the whole time but then only became invisible for a second to be able to do this.

>stuff that happens while you're invis doesn't show up in your logs.
How unfortunate :p

>sixty-seven people
That's a very specific number. I thought that their ability to track the people would invalidate their claim about Penny hiding, but I suppose it's possible for them to track only the people that revealed their location and went missing. Still, this number is much larger than I expected. That is, I would expect that people would become wary of the disappearances at around 10. Because if your friend that you talk with daily suddenly doesn't show up anymore, you'd immediately know that something's up. It might be explained if the so-called killer collected the locations for a long time before making a move. However, the person does mention people being picked off soon after revealing their location.

>She's definitely lying about being new
I thought they said they liked us QQ

>perhaps she's trying to trick our pursuer, and lure them out of hiding
It might be that the pursuer they're talking about is Omen, in which case we don't really have anything to be afraid of. And if it's not, well, we weren't given any specific timeframe in which to expect this person so who knows when they might show up. I mean, we already know that some people are after us, so adding another one on top doesn't change much.

>don't let anyone on the outside catch you using your talent, whatever it is
Interesting. This implies that everyone in this space has a talent of sorts, so Penny might not be special in this regard. Is having a blade a way to say that one has a talent? Or are blades just one of the types of talents? Or is it that the blades and talents are completely separate?

>Typhoon seems to mostly want us to be at each other's necks
They're doing a good job then.

>sleeper agents
This sounds like a very important piece of info. That one is able to produce agents. And then there's also a question of whether these agents were able to enter the chatroom due to their talents, or because they were created/invited there by Typhon.

>next phase of evolution
But still a human!

Nice butt.

>>/quest/957002
>global-space local-space public-space
The only space I'm interested in is Penny's private space.

>INC VOICE LOC RED
Haha, Penny's expression; tfw you accidentally leave your mic on

>>/quest/957003
>embarrassed yourself in your sleep
We may never know what Omen did with Penny's real body while we were busy in dreams.

>You're completely certain that you're wide awake now.
[X] Doubt

>Something doesn't feel right.
Now, we do see that our surroundings are unusually sharp. Some of the possibilities that I can come up for this would be:
- Our senses need some time to adapt back to the non-recursive topology
- We're still in dreams since waking up only woke us out of the chatroom
- This is normal after unlocking our talent
- Our/surrounding rhythm needs some time to normalize after the reformation
- The blade of illusion is causing it
- Someone else is causing it

Alas, it's hard to pinpoint the cause. Well, the fact that there's no one around suggests that... the last two options are the most likely.
>>
No. 132132 ID: b1b4f3

Personally I think the killer is the one that keeps accusing Penny of being the killer.
>>
No. 132142 ID: a0dfd2

>>132132

But what if the killer is the one who claims to wish to die and has been luring others to them?
>>
No. 132143 ID: 4286b4

>>/quest/957121
>the effect is almost calming, mesmerizing; some part of you wants to relax and immerse in it
Roz, is that you?!

>You don't know what exactly you can do with this ability
The power of illusion allows Penny to start daydreaming at any time.

>you don't want to be caught in the act of using it
I... I can quit at any time!

>>/quest/957122
>flexing it
Sadly, it looks like using this blade doesn't stimulate Penny in any way.

>>/quest/957123
>you feel something change
Did something change? Penny's chest is still the same size.

>>/quest/957133
>you realize that it was only your mental perception of your body
No, I'm pretty sure they didn't get larger.

So, Penny's able to become invisible. That's quite useful. We'd still need to test it a bit further, to see what sort of security measures this would fool (unless we're optimistic), but I think it would be enough to allow us to get to the uwu guy once we're free to roam. It's also useful knowing that we can escape most forms of danger this way, provided that we expect them. What I wonder is if there are some limits or drawbacks in using this power. I would expect that we aren't able to stay invisible for extended periods of time.
>>
No. 132144 ID: 4286b4

>>132132
Personally I think the killer is the one that went quiet as soon as Penny revealed her location. You know, them having to get to work :B

But that would be too obvious, wouldn't it? haha
>>
No. 132148 ID: b07f1c

>>/quest/957241
>tuning out of the mind realm
Did muting the connected cause us to become invisible there? No? Then muting is another new mechanic. Altho it makes sense that changing your notification settings and changing your online status would be separate features hehe.

>your body, although invisible, is definitely still blocking part of your towel
Yeah, that did bother me. But now that it became clear that this is something unavoidable (or we've yet to find a way to hide anything other than ourselves), I should put more thought into it. It means Penny cannot perfectly hide items touching her. Well, touching her outside skin at least... smirk. Why is this? It's quite simple. She forgot to turn off "occlusion culling" haha...
Anyway, even if it was possible to see the occluded parts of the objects touching her, it wouldn't make the invisibility more useful because it would still be pretty obvious to anyone that objects shouldn't be floating in mid-air by themselves.
Hmm. Actually, maybe this isn't so bad. It just means that if Penny wants to hide an item from someone, she needs to hold it behind herself, out of that person's direct line of sight. Or if the item is small enough, holding it inside her fist would be fine.

>your best guess is
After the last panel, it's clear. Items wobble because we are turning into them!

>>/quest/957242
>something unexpected happens
This almost made me spit out my lunch. Like... what?! I got completely bamboozled lol
But at least we now know that it's possible for Penny to take on any object's appearance. It's quite interesting, albeit a bit unfortunate that the towel is anthropomorphized, because if the form of an object is morphed to this degree, it decreases the chance of being able to use it as a disguise.
I do wonder tho if this only changes our appearance, or does that mean we actually took on physical properties of a towel... heh. Probably not. Or at least it doesn't make much sense to me for Penny to be able to turn into a machine and be able to do the things that only a machine could.
Now, the important thing to note here is that we should be able to take on appearances of other people, which would definitely be more useful than objects, altho it might be harder to achieve. And there's also the question of whether the entity disappears, because I don't think anyone would want to change the appearance if it meant killing that person.
Lastly, I'd like to know whether this was a result of the power of illusion, or the blade of blades. It's most likely the illusion, but we don't know anything about how the blade of blades works.
>>
No. 132154 ID: b1b4f3

I strongly urge everyone to go through chapter 0 and ctrl+f "rhythm" to see what's what. I think Penny's thing with Omen likely caused something called a "Rhythmic Disturbance" which when severe can cause mass unrecoverable deaths. It's kinda like an earthquake, so you could say the sex was so good the earth literally moved and scared everyone away.
>>
No. 132156 ID: e51896

>>132154
Yikes, then we might need to sneak out of the building unseen as to not get in trouble for causing that.
>>
No. 132157 ID: 4286b4

>>/quest/957304
>You don't want to be a towel!
Penny clearly hasn't though this through. I mean, she forgot to consider how nice it would feel being rubbed all over various bodies hehe.

>you feel is your fingertips touching your fur
Confirming that it's all an illusion was quite important to do so that we don't wander in the wrong direction with our theories.

>>/quest/957305
>apparently it slipped off while you were surprised.
Now we know why Penny was wearing only the jumpsuit when she woke up! It was because she lost her other clothes due to being startled beforehand.

>you're able to locate it and feel it out a bit
Penny's mental masturbation is getting out of hand now haha

>inside them
While the list of tags going through my head is too long to include in this post, I would assume that, based on what happened with Omen, some sort of rhythmic connection would be required to achieve our goals.

>>/quest/957306
>You try to render your illusory towel form invisible, but nothing seems to happen.
This does make sense because, well, an invisible illusion isn't an illusion.

>it took significantly more effort
This may imply that taking on a different form has different limitations than the invisibility. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the amount of time we can stay invisible would be shorter than keeping up an illusion, where the illusion simply had a higher initial cost.

And yes, Penny's tits are as cute as ever :p

>>/quest/957308
>which makes your invisibility slightly less effective
While Penny's fur might obscure the water in it, I'm not sure how noticeable the droplets running down her body would be. Fortunately, Penny finding herself wet should be a pretty rare event... heh.

>towels and bathing paraphernalia are scattered all over
It doesn't seem like there was an explosion or anything devastating happening, but it was urgent enough for everyone to leave in a hurry, as evident by the puddles of water on the ground. Whether the people were able to notice (or otherwise feel) the undulations that we see we cannot tell, but they're undoubtedly either the cause or the consequence of the event itself. And while they do seem harmless to us, we might still want to remain careful considering the place is perceived as a danger zone to the others
278 posts omitted. Last 100 shown. [Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason