[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 603095)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 39865 unique user posts. View catalog

File 141619736237.gif - (15.44KB , 701x683 , 633.gif )
603095 No. 603095 ID: 9f37d6

Nan folds the newspaper back up.
It's heavily burnt and otherwise illegible.
Expand all images
>>
No. 603100 ID: 07a835

>>603095
Is that all that was left for you? If so, it's time to give Anderson his letter.
>>
No. 603102 ID: f1c8a5

Check what everyone else is doing. Have they observed anything else?
>>
No. 603104 ID: d3be40

Why are they staring at you like that?

Uh oh.

Nan, please do NOT look around until you have dashed over to Pablo and Kim. Tell Anderson to hold his gun in his pocket, but not point the gun unless whatever is behind you is bearing its fangs. Grab any other books and supplies you can scavenge, and get out of the Lounge!
>>
No. 603109 ID: 9f37d6
File 141620006540.gif - (11.66KB , 701x683 , 634.gif )
603109

Sensing sudden danger, Nan darts over to the group and checks behind her.
But there's nothing where she was standing. Just the fire.
>>
No. 603115 ID: 9f37d6
File 141620044923.gif - (47.75KB , 701x683 , 635.gif )
603115

Nan reads the final note at the very bottom.
It's made out in the same handwriting as the first.
>>
No. 603117 ID: 07a835

>>603115
AUGH flail around and scream for help!
>>
No. 603120 ID: dbd097

>"HALP PLS !!!"
>>
No. 603122 ID: a19cd5

>Nan: Stop hallucinating
>>
No. 603123 ID: bf857e

Why is Pablo just standing there!? Also PUNCH THE PILGRIM IN HIS SKELETON FACE
>>
No. 603124 ID: d3be40

Oops. Sorry about that.

Flirt seductively and PUNCH HIM IN THE FACE!
>>
No. 603125 ID: ca118c

FLASHLIGHT
>>
No. 603126 ID: 0bc138

Flash light time!

also say "Lorenzo" and try to talk to him/it.
I think that's the Pilgrim and I'm not sure if we've tried using it's former name against it, but it might help.
>>
No. 603131 ID: d3be40

>>603117
I
>>603120
think
>>603122
we
>>603123
have
>>603124
a
>>603125
plan.
>>603126

Nan, scream at Pablo to stop angsting about his dead wife and START HELPING. Then plead with the Pilgrim, call him Lorenzo and put up a "I know you're in there somewhere" fight. If that doesn't work, stun him with the flashlight, and then whack his skull with it. Then get up and run away screaming for help.
>>
No. 603137 ID: 928b98

Flash the flashlight at him?
>>
No. 603153 ID: 4aba40

>>603131
Solid plan, but I'd add that we make sure to dodge SCARY KNIFE
>>
No. 603156 ID: a6eb72

Not sure how much effect punching a skeleton would have. Last time he just shrugged the injury and kept coming for us.
Scream for help, avoid SCARY KNIFE as much as possible, definitely try the whole "wake up Lorenzo" thing. If all else fails, it's flashlight time; don't use it as a melee weapon though, you could break it. Then we would be royally screwed.
>>
No. 603158 ID: 1fbb52

>>603156
If it's a maglite, we'd be good. You think cops carry those around for any other purpose than beating the shit out of hoodlums?
But yeah definitely try not to get SCARY KNIFE'd.
>>
No. 603159 ID: 898d35

Woah, crap. Uh. Can't believe we missed that.
Talking to the Pilgrim can wait until we'Re out of immediate danger. Dodge scary knife and kick and scream and whack with flashlight until the fucker stops or somebody helps you.
>>
No. 603176 ID: 534cc4

Well...don't call out for help actually, focus on talking the pilgrim down while trying to kick him off or roll away.

(Pablo you dick you didn't even move.)
>>
No. 603178 ID: cef479

If he's on top of you and you're on your back, proceed to kick legs up into his bony form (hopefully there's something solid there), lift him and flip him off of you with your amazing goat legs.
>>
No. 603183 ID: ad627d

>>603115
bustin' makes us feel good
get the flashlight, if shining it doesn't help, use it as a bludgeoning weapon
scream for help
>>
No. 603191 ID: cb78a5

Wait, where the hell is Kim? The last shots showed everyone but her....
>>
No. 603199 ID: ca34d0

>>603191

... now that you mention it. Was the Pilgrim that short the last time we saw him? He looked... bigger. Hell, in this last pic he seems shorter than Nan.

And then Kim was the Pilgrim?

/rant over
>>
No. 603235 ID: c6ec0b

Well hell... see if you can kick it into the furnace

[At least you saved Pablo]
>>
No. 603312 ID: ccea58

Accept fate, death is inevitable.
>>
No. 603322 ID: 928b98

Kim probably succumbed to the darkness and turned her into a monster.
>>
No. 603327 ID: a4941f

scream for help then try to put yourself in a position where The Pilgrim can't stab or strangle you i.e. hold his wrists or somethin'
>>
No. 603346 ID: dbd097

>Actually make sure this is the Pilgrim first tho? Maybs the light is playing some practical joke on us?
>>
No. 603362 ID: 01fba9

Nan, you have the worst luck. Why does every damn religious person in this book want you dead? It's not like you look like the devil... Oh wait... Fuck!

See if it responds to "Lorenzo". If it isn't him at least the random name might distract whoever or whatever it is. Also, struggle and yell out for help; get them to throw a book at it or something. The adrenaline might at least increase your chances of not dying.
>>
No. 603368 ID: 9f37d6
File 141628994253.gif - (13.30KB , 701x683 , 636.gif )
603368

IT'S OVER, NAN.
YOU WON'T ESCAPE ME THIS TIME.
NOW DIE, AND RELEASE ME.

>>
No. 603369 ID: a19cd5

"Nah. Don't wanna."
Do an ACTION ROLL out of harm's way, wonder why everyone is doing fuck-all.
>>
No. 603374 ID: 3efed6

you goat headbutt that son of a bitch
>>
No. 603375 ID: 9f37d6
File 141629072994.gif - (12.37KB , 701x683 , 637.gif )
603375

In the darkness, a gunshot rings out. Rock shatters somewhere in the room as the errant shot ricochets.
There is much screaming and commotion.

Nan calls out Lorenzo's name, but the blade comes down.
Nan draws up her flashlight. The motion inadvertently blocks the plunging knife, but her hand is badly gouged, and the flashlight is knocked away somewhere into the dark room.
>>
No. 603376 ID: a19cd5

HEADBUTT IMMEDIATELY, PUT THOSE NUBBY HORNS TO USE RETURNING THE FAVOR
>>
No. 603381 ID: ad627d

>>603375
as I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil for thou art with me
thy rod and thy staff
they comfort me
>>
No. 603384 ID: 233c6e

Grapple the knife hand off and to the side, then headbutt his damn face.
>>
No. 603386 ID: 07a835

NAN. You forgot you have the pipe! Use it to smack his hand or otherwise lessen the threat of being stabbed!
>>
No. 603393 ID: 01fba9

"Stay your hand for but a moment pilgrim, and I promise you salvation."
Distract him. Humor him. Get biblical. Get to your feet using your undamaged hand. No weapons will work, but get your lead pipe ready. Fire didn't work against Padre Velasco, but then again, those might not be normal flames.
>>
No. 603394 ID: 3efed6

wait, what the hell is happening to him. He looks different now
>>
No. 603397 ID: 0769b3

>>603375
It appears that theres more then one pilgrim as nan isn't receiving any form as assistance from the group, but its apparent that everyone is at least aware of the fighting thats happening. Maybe everyone is haveing their own pilgrim to fight or this is all just in nans head as a illusion/hallucination
>>
No. 603404 ID: caad34

I doubt there is more than one pilgrim, it had the same wound on it's left eye socket where Nan threw the bar at him.
>>
No. 603405 ID: 0bc138

Scramble back. Violence won't work, at least not on the level Nan is capable of with what's at hand. But he/it talked and we can work with that.

Ask Lorenzo why Nan needs to die to release him. Using his name is important.

this could trigger several reactions.
1) we might get more clues / answers plus a bit more time.
2) we could get a "we know your in there fight" going, and maybe talk him down.
3) it/he asks who's Lorenzo, and shows we have no idea what's going on, but hay we get a few extra seconds.
4) he keeps attacking. and thats why we still need to back up.
>>
No. 603419 ID: ca34d0

>>603405

I don't think he wants to talk. Only response to us calling him/it "Lorenzo" was him/it giving no fucks and stabbing us.

It's panic fighting time. Keep closer to him so he has less space to manouver his knife. For the love of God don't try to block it again. And if he's anything like the Padre, I don't think shoving him into the fire will do any good.

One thing we could do in the meantime: tell someone to get the flashlight back and shine a light on the bony bastard.
>>
No. 603437 ID: 131cbb

Yeah I would STRONGLY advise against talk. We don't have the luxury. Try your best to wrench the knife out of his handwith both your mutilated hoof and the non-mutilated one and yell for someone to pull this fucker off you. Maybe toegther you can toss him out the window/ into the fire.
>>
No. 603457 ID: c6ec0b

We are hit. The next hit could be fatal. Get the hell away from it.

If you have to go on the offensive try to get behind it and strangle it with its own noose.
>>
No. 603458 ID: 131cbb

>>603457
>strangle
>A skeleton
>>
No. 603460 ID: 3a12ef

Guys, what if we're in the wrong here? Wouldn't you want to be released from a hellish undead existence too? Just because he's a murderous skeleton doesn't mean he's evil, necessarily. Let's let Lorenzo kill Nan and see what happens!
>>
No. 603461 ID: eda9d1

Oh geez.

>the flashlight is knocked away somewhere into the dark room
That's really bad. The flashlight is basically the only weapon she has, though doubt it would have done anything in the first place, seeing how he was unfazed by the light before.

Uhh...the knife looks like it's lodged in her hand. That could be good, maybe it's stuck? Nan could try holding his wrist with her free hand to prevent him from moving it. Hopefully he doesn't have super strength.

>Maybe toegther you can toss him out the window/ into the fire.
I think this is probably the only thing that will work, but given the heavy level of symbolism in this story tossing him into the fire (Hell?) could have terrible consequences. Although it seems like a sacrificial altar, so maybe it'll send him to Heaven? I dunno, I'm not good with symbolism.

>Maybe everyone is haveing their own pilgrim to fight or this is all just in nans head as a illusion/hallucination
>In the darkness, a gunshot rings out. Rock shatters somewhere in the room as the errant shot ricochets. There is much screaming and commotion.
It looks like this might be accurate. The gunshot must have been Anderson, but he doesn't seem to have been aiming at Nan's Pilgrim. I have no idea what the implications of that are, though, and clearly this Pilgrim is still dangerous.
>>
No. 603466 ID: 534cc4

While trying to talk him down and ask questions using his name, try to kick/headbutt him off. Ask why am I so important to you Lorenzo?
>>
No. 603476 ID: c47180

I belive that in order for this to become comprehendible we need information because its come to my attention that what we are seeing isn't the truth, the darkness warps what we see and the light illuminates the truth. >NAN: get the knife out of your hand and find the goddamm flashlight
>>
No. 603513 ID: ad627d

>>603466
>>603410
>>603393
We can't reason with the pilgrim
we have to fight or get away
those are our options
if we can do both at the same time that would be optimal

Maybe swing the pipe to attempt to shatter the vertibre holding the pilgrim's head on it's body
that might stagger the pilgrim to give us the time we need to escape
>>
No. 603516 ID: 223c09

>>603513
Or the time to toss his undead ass out the window. (I do agree that burning him might have terrible consequences because of the whole 466 died in a fire thing)
>>
No. 603524 ID: 86e91d

kick it away before it recovers the knife
>>
No. 603528 ID: 54a9e4

CHRISTIAN SYMBOLISM DIE TO REDEEM LORENZO
>REMEMBER THE 466 GAJILLION
>>
No. 603545 ID: caad34

I firmly believe that trying to talk the pilgrim down is a fools errand, we tried talking to him before and his responses were vague and dismissive at best. In terms of offensive action, our work seems cut out for us--this thing is strong, armed, and barely alive. Remember, we "maimed" it before by throwing the rebar sword and it barely flinched. Right now we need to take our current position into account, we seemed to be pinned down with our back to the ground which gives us some pretty strong leverage to put all our strength into a double leg push/kick to create the maximum distance (hopefully it doesn't weigh much so it can be sent flying). Once thats executed we need to play evasive: use our time to increase the gap between us and this eldritch abomination. If we were lucky the knife was dropped by it or still in Nan's hand maybe only it's weapon may effect it but don't even bother until you find the flashlight, roused the others and find out where Kim is. DO NOT TALK TO IT, DO NOT STAY STILL, AND DO NOT RE-ENGAGE unless every other option has been spent! To be honest I really just hope by milking our time we might allow some kind of Dues Ex Machina or opportunistic intervention by Santiago. (Sorry for the length)
>>
No. 603546 ID: ca34d0

>>603545
Agreed. Though some good ol' goat asskicking would be nice. Adrenaline can do some incredible things to a person, even without a MANLY PHYSIQUE to back it up.

If we eventually disengage, then remove skull and try reasoning. If it doesn't work, I'd say go for the torch; if he can shrug off injuries like the Padre does, throwing him outside the window won't end him permanently.

Also, killing things just isn't Nan's way.
>>
No. 603557 ID: c6ec0b

I changed my mind.
The note said remember the pilgrim 141620044923.gif
What if it wasn't a warning
Maybe all we have to do is get to the furnace.
>>
No. 603563 ID: 01fba9

Run towards the opening of the cave. Try to trick him into running off the edge or something. Also, strike a dramatic pose if the storm picks up.
>>
No. 603566 ID: a5307b

Thunder: Roar
>>
No. 603570 ID: 0f2a62

>>603476
It might be bad to take the knife out, with blood loss and all. I think it's best to leave it in until we can get medical attention.
>>
No. 603616 ID: a4941f

*Headbutt*
>>
No. 603624 ID: 910333

>>603375
Is it just me, or does the pilgrim have a really tiny arm?
>>
No. 603625 ID: ccea58

>>603624
Yeah i have no idea what's going on there.
>>
No. 603633 ID: 915ea0

>>603624
I think you guys are talking about the end of the rope hanging around his neck. That's not a Scary Movie 2 strong hand.
>>
No. 603679 ID: c247da

>Kick the pilgrim in the stomach, then RUN
>>
No. 603700 ID: 0d764a

>>603624
Not only is he a skeleton, he's a T. Rex skeleton
>>
No. 603742 ID: 8ba87e

>>603375

Scream.
>>
No. 603744 ID: fe6f71

DO A BARREL ROLL! DO NOT ATTACK DIRECTLY!!!
>>
No. 603748 ID: fe6f71

Also do not try and kill the pilgrim because so far stuff like that doesn't work on him and only makes things worse. Plus, the light may be tricking you and you don't want to kill a friend by mistake. So, get to the flashlight!
>>
No. 603750 ID: 223c09

>>603748
Good point.
>>
No. 603758 ID: ca34d0

>>603748

He's stabbing us, and has shown no interest in talking to us. I don't think he's a friend. I agree on non-lethal + flashlight though.
>>
No. 603759 ID: caad34

Create distance first, as far as Nan is concerned her wound is real meaning the Pilgrim can cause real damage. I'd hate to get stabbed the moment we grab the flashlight or reach the furnace.
>>
No. 603790 ID: 9f37d6
File 141645071224.gif - (9.22KB , 701x683 , 638.gif )
603790

Nan reels back and headbutts the horrific figure before her, but the skeleton's hard, sharp skull resists the blow.
Nan only manages to daze herself.
>>
No. 603797 ID: caad34

DAMMIT! KICK!!! Use your legs and back!!!Push against the floor!!!SURVIVE!!!
>>
No. 603800 ID: 07a835

You should probably try to grapple and hold him still so Anderson can properly shoot him.
>>
No. 603801 ID: ac5224

>>603790
If the skull is connected to the spine without any skin or flesh holding it in place, then you might be able to pull his head straight off of his body.
>>
No. 603808 ID: caad34

Okay, now I'm starting to feel like I'm spamming. This THING is MUCH stronger than Nan--grappling should be a no-go. As for waiting for Anderson to shoot it, do you really want to leave this death-struggle to chance? Even if he actually shoots it--IT took a rebar to the eye socket! And TORE it out! Any injury would be superficial at best!
No trying to manhandle it! No depending on unreliable factors! Focus on getting it OFF you!
>>
No. 603809 ID: d52967

At this point we're reasonably sure that skull is just a helmet of sorts. Pulling it off is likely to fail, and wouldn't be very productive in terms of keeping us alive. At the moment, a solid kick using the ground as leverage is what we need, keeping our arms up to take hits instead of our chest. If we can just get him off of us, our numbers might be able to overpower him.
>>
No. 603812 ID: ca118c

USE THE FUCKING PENDANT THE FATHER (?) GAVE TO YOU ON YOUR FLASHBACK
>>
No. 603815 ID: fe6f71

Try to keep his weapons from stabbing you. the knife's in your hand, so keep it there for now so he can't stab you anywhere else. I would suggest trying to overpower him to get him off of you, but I don't see how you'll be able to do that. For now your only hope is the flashlight. Use one hand to wrestle with the knife, and the other to scout the floor near you for the flashlight.
>>
No. 603828 ID: dbd097

>Get that bitch offa you and RUN
>>
No. 603831 ID: a256f8

>>603808
This.

We can't expect anderson to get a good shot if we are grappling with it in a dark room. Get the damn thing off first.
>>
No. 603842 ID: a4941f

It seems we're in quite the pickle, if Nan could come from her dazed state, try to put both feet on the Pilgrim's chest/stomach and give a full-fledged push off of her
>>
No. 603843 ID: ad627d

We must struggle for our lives!

This hand of ours glows with an awesome power! Its burning grip TELLS ME TO DEFEAT YOU! TAKE THIS! My love, my anger, and ALL MY SORROW! SHINING PIPE!
>>
No. 603859 ID: b7e22b

shit this is bad... try using your legs to shove him off and improvise
>>
No. 603862 ID: 86e91d

it's a fucking skellington with no internal organs, what did you people expect
might as well try to break its neck or shove it away
>>
No. 603909 ID: bcf8c4

Either shove him away, kick him away, or throw him away. Disengage at all costs!
>>
No. 603914 ID: a2b630

The flashlight -

Nan! Nan, I know you're dazed, I know you're dizzy and rushed in adrenaline, and confused, but you have to listen to me!

You have to get the Pilgrim, or Lorenzo, or whoever he truly is, off of you fast, for this to work. The others have recommended kicking him off, But I'd use your momentum to try to roll, first, that way you don't just kick him backwards - - but importantly, roll in the direction away from the flashlight, and kick him off there!

Then go for your flashlight! The Flashlight took care of the Beast last time you used it with the group, but the others aren't going to help you. They're distracted, too. Get the flashlight and shine it right on him!

Whether it stirs a flashback or merely dizzies him, you then have to use that chance for two things. You have the options of either taking the others and running, or shoving him into the fire.

Taking the others and running, in my opinion, would be counter-productive. Someone knew you'd get there. Someone wanted you there. And they wanted you there for a reason. You can't be chased away now!

Don't let your trials be in vain! Don't abandon your chance at salvation! Kick him off and go for the flashlight!
>>
No. 603949 ID: d3be40

WHY does Pilgrim keep saying Nan needs to die to release him?! Nan, you need to figure this out while you're fighting him, the right words might stun Pilgrim for a few seconds.

Try confusing him while you kick him off, scream "I AM NOT ANASAZI!" or something.

>>603914
Roll onto your back while grappling Pilgrim with your right hand, and while on the ground kick him off and above your head to use the momentum from the fall to throw him.

And grab the knife stuck in your hand while you're doing this, if you can!

Kim might be dead. If this is an attempt from the Hotel to make the survivors accidentally friendly-fire themselves to death while thinking that they are fighting monsters, it's working.
>>
No. 603962 ID: 07a835

...I'm guessing the necklace isn't working?
>>
No. 603972 ID: f1beae

>>603790
Nan: Fucking book it.
>>
No. 603999 ID: ca118c

Don't try to fight it just try to escape
>>
No. 604006 ID: 557bac

Please stop posting non-quest images in quests. Reaction images and macros are not allowed in /quest/ threads. Unless you are the author or are modifying a quest image to point something out, image posts will be deleted and poster banned.
>>
No. 604024 ID: 01fba9

Stumble away from him. Step into the light. Lead him to where Anderson can get a decent shot at him with his REVOLVER. Also, take out your LEAD PIPE. Use it if he tries to stab you again. If your BADLY GOUGED HAND is becoming an issue, just grit your teeth against the pain. That's the least of your worries right now.
>>
No. 604031 ID: ed388d

Hes a fucking skeleton tear of his skull with beserker rage.
>>
No. 604099 ID: 2073cc

Doubt you'll take this suggestion seriously, but I mean it as a stun tactic. Knee the pilgrim in the groin. When you're done dazing.
>>
No. 604102 ID: 9f37d6
File 141655728250.gif - (10.66KB , 701x683 , 639.gif )
604102

Nan is overwhelmed, and now half-dazed. She struggles to focus.
The monstrous figure rears back for another strike, and Nan kicks with both legs. It doesn't seem to do any damage, but it knocks the figure off balance for just a moment, giving her a chance to escape.
>>
No. 604103 ID: 9f37d6
File 141655777405.gif - (14.83KB , 701x683 , 640.gif )
604103

Nan staggers to her feet in a hurry.
Pablo has grabbed the horrible figure from behind, and struggles to keep it restrained, but it does not seem this effort will hold long.
Anderson appears to be badly wounded, and Nan can see him clutching at his chest and arm.

The figure thrashes and waves its knife.
Nan calls out "Lorenzo". She demands she is not Anasazi.

NO MORE WORDS.
I HAVE WAITED TOO LONG.
NOW, YOU DIE.

>>
No. 604104 ID: eba6db

Don't be afraid.
>>
No. 604105 ID: c6ec0b

Yell for Pueblo to let go and throw the lead pipe.Hopefully that will let Pueblo not get the SCARY KNIFE to the face.

Then run like hell. Yell and draw Mr bones away from the others.
>>
No. 604106 ID: 07a835

>>604103
Grab a book and block his incoming stab with it. The knife should get stuck in the book, effectively disarming him.
>>
No. 604109 ID: 915ea0

>>604103
Where is Kim? How did Anderson get hurt?

I wonder, if Nan books it back down through the hotel into the furnace, will the Pilgrim abandon attacking the others and follow her? The note seemed to imply some connection between the Pilgrim and the furnace...
>>
No. 604111 ID: ce276f

>>604103
grab a few books and start chunking them at him while you get away as fast as you can.
>>
No. 604114 ID: b505a9

Guys, we can't just run now. Pablo and Anderson need our help. If we run now and they miraculously survive, they will never trust Nan again.
So I second the book plan.
>>
No. 604115 ID: 95a470

>Where is Kim?
...after disarming him attempt to remove the skull.
>>
No. 604116 ID: fe6f71

FLASHLIGHT. NOW! also get the lead pipe out just in case that doesn't work. If the flashlight doesn't work, throw him into the pit by diving at him. You might get singed but at least he'll be dealt with.
>>
No. 604117 ID: 66a932

Try to push him towards the fire.
>>
No. 604118 ID: 3708a8

Ask Lorenzo to throw you a bone and not murder you
Seems like Nan's pretty boned
I didn't think Lorenzo had the stomach for this sort of thing
Tell Lorenzo you were just ribbing him when you said you weren't Anasazi
Agree to let him kill you if he answers some questions first
>>
No. 604119 ID: 5f4e50

>>604117
No. No no no no no. If he's like the Padre, it's useless. If he's a skeleton, it's useless. If it is an EVIL BONFIRE OF HUMAN SACRIFICE, he might get empowered by it or something like that.

Shine a light on him. Watch out for whatever hurt Anderson though.
>>
No. 604120 ID: 86e91d

If we flashlight our way out, Anderson and Pablo will be on their own. That is, if the light works in the first place.

I say, get the lead pipe and land a good hit on its neck. If everything fails, flashlight.
>>
No. 604121 ID: ad627d

We don't have time to search around the dark room for the flashlight.
We have no idea where it is.

Tell the others you're sorry and you're going to book it to the furnace, since it's the only clue you have.
Ask them to try to hold the pilgrim as long as possible.
>>
No. 604122 ID: 4b1ee9

Ok Nan, think. We cant KILL the Pilgrim, but we CAN hurt it. Grab your lead pipe, yell at Pablo and tell him to hold him a little longer.
THEN BUST THAT FUCKERS RIGHT KNEE WIDE OPEN!
>>
No. 604124 ID: ca34d0

>>604120
>>604122
With a maimed hand? I don't think we could do any significant damage to him before he gets out of Pablo's grip and stomps our fluffy goat ass.

Also once again: fire doesn't seem to hurt the Hotel's creatures. Why should this bonfire be any different?
>>
No. 604125 ID: 35909f

>>604115
...Huh. And Nan didn't see any other survivors the first time the Pilgrim appeared... Could it be possessing people, somehow? People have already speculated that Kim turned into the Pilgrim here - it's shorter than it was last time, and is standing exactly where Kim was. There's definitely something suspicious about this.

We need to know more. Nan needs to get the flashlight or, failing that, try to remove the skull (though I'm not sure how that would work and could easily just get her killed...).

(Also why is he holding the knife in his right hand now? It was in his left here: >>603368)
>>
No. 604131 ID: 928b98

KICK HIM INTO THE FIRE
>>
No. 604138 ID: 43f7a4

>>604125
That would make some sense, as they mentioned earlier that the spirits were reliving their past through them. The pilgrim could be using that to possess one of them.
>>
No. 604149 ID: a2b630

Now's your chance! I take back my statement of wanting to kick him into the fire, if Pablo is holding him back, you don't want to kick him in, too - -

Use the flashlight! Get it, turn it on, and shine it upon him! You have to! It's worth the shot!

Use the flashlight! Before it's too late!
>>
No. 604235 ID: eba6db

Don't be a pussy! Stand your ground! Use the LEAD PIPE or... no, the FLASHLIGHT! It'll blind him and then he won't be carving anyone in that state! SHOW HIM THE LIGHT! And hurry! You're bleeding, Anderson's bleeding worse, Kim is fucking GONE, and Pablo's probably about to be carved something FIERCE if you don't do something!
>>
No. 604247 ID: f1beae

>>604103
Nan. SHIELD. NOW. Grab anything you think will block his attacks and protect yourself.
>>
No. 604274 ID: ca118c

Mega-evolve and hope for a critical hit
>>
No. 604280 ID: eba6db

Where the hell is Kim? Some of you guys seem to think that this freak is actually Kim. Try calling out for her. If the real Kim shows up we can confirm that it isn't her. Also, if you can, try to knock the DAGGER-LIKE OBJECT out of its hand using the LEAD PIPE. That would boost your chances of survival from nil to slim.
>>
No. 604375 ID: 928b98

>>604280
Pablo and Anderson hesitated to help. It could mean that they're seeing Kim and we're seeing the pilgrim.
>>
No. 604382 ID: d3be40

>>604375
Smart move.

Nan, you need to figure out in seconds if that's Kim or Pilgrim, or Pilgrim possessing Kim. Yell at everyone:

"Kim if that's you sorry about this don't move!"

And then whack her arm with the pipe. Disarm her knife and you can make the fight MUCH easier. Give it to Anderson for the time being since he's good with a knife. Or throw it off the cliff.

If Pablo or Anderson give you a funny look, whack Pilgrim's head until he falls unconscious. Remember to tie him up, or cripple his hands. And teeth. you may want to take off the cow skull, if he can use it as a battering ram. Yep, I just said that, protect yourself.
>>
No. 604389 ID: a2b630

You people--

That's not Kim! Kim had to have been dispatched silently while we weren't looking! She's either thrown off of the lighthouse to her doom or in the fire. You can't go giving mercy to a creature that has already proven it has none for you!

Restraining it out of such is not an option! Trying to dismantle it is not an option! Crowbars and guns pull no value to it, and if...

No, Father Velasco is not immune to fire. But the fire is purging. The fire is good. There is still good left in Father. But there is none left in the beast known as The Pilgrim.

Lorenzo wants to save himself. Not you.

So do him a favor, child.

Show him the light. And the light will surely guide him home.

The flashlight is your only option. Disregard the others! Show him the light - !
>>
No. 604401 ID: ad627d

>>604389
The flashlight was lost in the scuffle, do you really think Pablo can hold The Pilgrim long enough for us to search a very poorly lit room?
Did you see how close to the brazier Nan had to get to read those notes?

I think we should take Anderson's advice:

"There's nothing there in the dark
that wasn't there in the light."
>>
No. 604406 ID: ad627d

The Pilgrim seems to always try to kill us with that knife even though he could've easily rushed us and pushed us into the fire.
If we ask The Pilgrim anything we should ask what happens if we don't die by his hand.
Depending on the answer we might have to consider that the only way to save our friends is to sacrifice ourselves.
>>
No. 604424 ID: fe6f71

Oy! Work with Pablo to kill the pilgrim, or try and find the flashlight by stalling for time. Give Pablo your lead pipe, he can use it better than you can! Stick something sharp into the pilgrim, anything you can do to buy time in order not to die!
>>
No. 604431 ID: a5307b

Pablo won't be able to hold him, Anderson is wounded and Kim is missing. You've got a wounded hand and you're a little dazed. Fighting isn't a very good idea. Either find your flashlight and hope for the best, or book it to the furnace and hope that the Pilgrim is angry enough to ignore the others in order to follow you.
>>
No. 604740 ID: 2f1860

>>604103
Check if the Pilgrim's Skulls is allergic to being hit with a lead pipe.
>>
No. 604780 ID: 8d1d9b

Tell Pablo to tug at his noose.

Also, how badly are we bleeding?
>>
No. 604789 ID: 9f37d6
File 141679652955.gif - (8.98KB , 701x683 , 641.gif )
604789

In a hurried panic, Nan scans the room. She can't see the flashlight in the darkness. It could have been knocked anywhere.
Her hand is wet with blood.

There's a noise from behind -- Kim screaming from the doorway. In the fray, it's hard to make out, but it sounds like she's yelling "hurry".

The figure thrashes angrily, reaching out for Nan.
Pablo won't be able to hold him for much longer.

There's no time to find the flashlight. Nan has only moments to make her choice.
>>
No. 604790 ID: ad627d

>>604789
Go with Kim
Yell thank you to Pablo and Anderson for holding the Pilgrim as we run.
>>
No. 604791 ID: 74b1ed

Run.
>>
No. 604792 ID: f1beae

DO NOT go with Kim. It could very easily be a trap, as we've been tricked by the hotel using her image in the past. If there are no alternative exits, go with her as a last resort.
>>
No. 604793 ID: 0bc138

go to the door and wait for the pilgrim to start coming after her before really bolting.

If we just leave, Pablo and Anderson will die. It seems that it will target nan as long as it thinks it can still get her. We might be able to lead it away from the others. (also our next really stop is the furnace, should at least try to keep Kim away from there)
>>
No. 604808 ID: 07a835

I find it extraordinarily strange and suspicious that Kim is lit up when nobody else is. Even when you were near the fire you were mostly in the dark.

I say grab a book and go knock the knife out of Pilgrim's hand with it.
>>
No. 604822 ID: 86e91d

Go with kim, it's all we got left
>>
No. 604839 ID: cbd5e1

>>604792
Agreed.

Also, did you guys forget something managed to hurt Anderson pretty bad WHILE we were pinned down by the Pilgrim? How do we know that something isn't disguising itself as Kim? After that trick in the furnace it's hard to trust our eyes.

Oh, and no man left behind. Even if we escaped, the Pilgrim could go berserk and easily slaughter both Pablo and Anderson. And if it's a trap, he could easily catch up with us and finish the job.
>>
No. 604861 ID: ad627d
File 141680624826.png - (24.58KB , 701x683 , wound maybe.png )
604861

>>604839
Anderson was the first to notice that Kim wasn't standing next to the group, in fact this might be the wound he received.

Go with Kim, The Pilgrim, one of the hotel's ringers, is in the room, We have a higher chance of survival running away from The Pilgrim than we do if we stay in the room
>>
No. 604897 ID: d3be40

>>604808
SMART! We want to knock the knife out of Pilgrim's hand, but we don't want to cripple Pablo! A book is a better choice than the pipe!

Nan, while you whack the knife out of Pilgrim's hand, yell at Pablo to "Go carve another statue!", which is a code phrase for "Get out of the way while I kill this asshole!"

Then headbutt Pilgrim straight into the brazier.

Scream "I'm taking you with me!", which is technically true as you're taking him to the brazier, which you will then jam his @#$%ing cow mug into. Hopefully he'll think that you've finally snapped and are sacrificing yourself to release him from his torment.

All things considered, I don't think this will kill him completely, even if it does work. Throw him off the Cliffside if you can, but control the ragdoll physics so that he falls burning to the ground instead of the sea. Then you can check his remains. In any case, you should probably take pieces of him so that he doesn't come back from the grave after you leave his corpse unchecked. There are SO many survivors who died because someone was too stupid to make sure the enemies' brains were all burned-up chunky salsa. Or nuked.
>>
No. 604906 ID: 0769b3

I think we should yell at kim to get right the fuck over to us, fucking disarm the pigrim and not kill him but find out what he wants. Its four against one we can easily overtake him
>>
No. 604912 ID: f1beae

Disarm Pilgrim. If this is successful, question him. If this is unsuccessful or he continues to attack using some other means, fucking book it, but only go to Kim if there are no other escape routes.
>>
No. 604942 ID: 9b0e21

Kim shows up mysteriously swathed in light... and you guys want to ditch Pablo and Anferson to go with her?

If Pablo and Anderson also start running to Kim, then run.

Otherwise, help Pablo restrain the Pilgrim. If he holds one arm, and we hold the other, Anderson can do something useful.
>>
No. 604968 ID: 0b1dd8

Kim is a trap, and not the good kind. Help your buddy Pablo.
>>
No. 604969 ID: ad627d

>>604897
we
>>604906
can't
>>604912
fight
>>604912
The Pilgrim
not in this condition

Anderson is too injured to do anything
Pablo is about to run out of strength

The hotel hasn't tried to use light to trick us before, it hates light. Why do you all think Kim is a trap?
>>
No. 604973 ID: d3be40

>>604969
Are you suggesting that we prove the hotel right? That Nan is a coward who will run away from a bad job? That she deserves to die for whatever the @#$% happened at the nightclub?

Nan, you haven't given up yet. You are capable of fighting Pilgrim, even if he has better odds. Run when you can't do anything for Pablo or Anderson anymore.
>>
No. 604975 ID: c6ec0b

DO NOT go with Kim.
>>
No. 604984 ID: 388ccd

Perhaps you can defeat him with your blood as sacrifice; let yourself get cut then slather your blood onto The Pilgrim.
>>
No. 604990 ID: 3009b4

"Find what you seek
Look in the furnace
Remember the Pilgrim"

Just a few things to point out. The last time we encountered Kim and a furnace it was a trap.

So I see two possible options. One is that Kim is a trap and that Nan needs to move towards the fire, which is pretty much well the only source of light we have left.

The other is that we need to flee and look in the actual furnace in the hotel.

Is there anything about the Pilgrim that we've forgotten? Or perhaps the note was more a warning that the Pilgrim is near?
>>
No. 604991 ID: c47180

We cant run from this as we have the pilgrim in a spot were he is vulnerable, we tackle and disarm the fucker and interrogate him that way we get information and understanding to the situation. Also it is possible that kim never even went into the room and he got distacted by something such as we have when we entered the room,
kim may not be a trap but we have a massive moment of opportunity to understand whats going on with the pilgrim
Use the lead pipe to hit the pilgrims hands and do not kill him only cripple him
>>
No. 604992 ID: c47180

Also jesus how did we miss the pilgrim so early on,HE WAS JUST NEXT TO US!
>>
No. 604994 ID: 577ef6

>>604973
Nan is dazed and bleeding, Anderson is bleeding and Pablo is currently barely holding this thing back. We can be brave and possibly die, or we can live to fight another time when we aren't completely fucked.

Help Anderson go towards Kim, if she did wound him, then question her with the help of Anderson's gun.

Tell Pablo to suplex the pilgrim, then run.
>>
No. 604999 ID: e58056

>>604991
The Pilgrim isn't something that can be reasoned with. The Pilgrim is flatly murderous and incredibly strong. Even if we disarm The Pilgrim, it could probably still kill everyone in the room, not to mention that we lack anything to tie it up or otherwise bind it.
>>
No. 605009 ID: fe6f71

GO WITH KIM! The pilgrim wants us, so it will ignore Pablo and Anderson. Kim is defently real because the hotel would have no point in tricking us with the pilgrim so close to killing us. By staying we can not help Pablo and Anderson, if anything it'll get them killed. So run and draw the pilgrim away, it's their only chance at survival.
>>
No. 605047 ID: c06138

We're trapped between two dangers, MaybeEvil!Kim and the Pilgrim, and hanging around near either one of them is likely to get us killed. We need to stall for a little more time. Learning if Kim is our Kim is critical right now, and I can't see a way to figure that out other than checking her reaction to being ignored. For now, I recommend we find an angle from which we can safely unmask the Pilgrim, or else try to get him closer to that fire. And/or yell 'for the love of God' at Kim and see how she reacts. If she's part of Padre or the Hotel, she's bound to take it poorly.
>>
No. 605088 ID: c01f38

...I'd say run to Kim, I don't think there are any other options. Ask her why she suddenly disappeared, though.
>>
No. 605165 ID: cf7d35

[Equip LEAD PIPE]
Go for the knees, Nan, go for the knees!!
>>
No. 605167 ID: 534cc4

Help Pablo, we can't just leave him here to die, try to shove the pilgrim off and both of you run for Kim if that's still a viable choice.
>>
No. 605168 ID: e31d12

>>604789
If Nan hesitates, I have no doubt the Pilgrim will slaughter Palbo and/or Anderson to get to her. If Nan runs, he would likely give chase instead of giving her more of a head start by staying to kill them.

Kim's sudden disappearance and reappearance gives me some reason to distrust her, but following her seems to be the only way to get the Pilgrim away from Pablo and Anderson. This current "fight" seems unwinnable, and there's certainly no talking to the Pilgrim in this state.
>>
No. 605170 ID: c247da

Guys no, just no. We gotta stay and fight, is we dont thats a good bye to anderson and pablo.
He killed Anna guys!! HE WONT HESITATE TO KILL PABLO AND ANDERSON!
>Fight thru the pain
>Grab your pipe with both hands
>SWING FOR HIS FUCKING KNEE
>>
No. 605171 ID: f1beae

>>605009
The hotel "would have no reason to trick us?" I disagree. The hotel wants to kill us. An evil!Kim would act as insurance, blocking (presumably) the only exit, and if there are other exits it would act as a trap, as one would think it'd be safer going with a friend. The Pilgrim is restrained. There are several things we could do to come out on top here, so that's why the hotel is tricking us. Insurance.
>>
No. 605172 ID: ad627d

We couldn't even fight off Santiago without a large wound, we are possibly the weakest member of our party, we're probably stronger than Kim but we don't know that for sure.

We have NO CHANCE in a head on fight with the Pilgrim
We might be able to save our friends by taunting The Pilgrim before we bolt.
I'd suggest something like "You'll NEVER catch me, and I'll NEVER die."
>>
No. 605173 ID: f1beae

>>605047
I agree. I suspect MaybeEvil!Kim is going to yell something like "For the love of God, get over here!" Which of course would be a dead giveaway. That being said, though, it's quite possible the hotel learns from past.... mistakes. We can't trust Kim, even if her possibly fake identity is given away.
>>
No. 605177 ID: c247da

>>605172
Hes only made of bones.
Im sure a well swung lead pipe could snap that shit like a twig.
>Go for his knee, full force
>>
No. 605178 ID: f1beae

>>604984
Yea, because letting ourself get injured and then getting close enough to the Big Bad to slather blood on his face when we're CLEARLY the one he wants to murder most based entirely on a hunch is a FANTASTIC idea. Besides, it'd probably just piss him off more. Let's not.
>>
No. 605199 ID: 0047f1

Why is fighting even being suggested? Jesus Christ guys, Pablo's about to lose his hold on the Pilgrim and we're already dazed. We tried attacking and it failed, we need to RUN THE FUCK AWAY. Nan can't do anything against him right now.
>>
No. 605230 ID: a5307b

Let's weigh this properly. We have Kim, who is at the exit (and the light) telling us to GTFO, and the Pilgrim, who we absolutely cannot fight in our current state. The answer here should be pretty obvious, even if we don't know what will happen if we follow Kim. Anything is better than trying to fight the Pilgrim without a proper strategy.
>>
No. 605232 ID: a2b630

Gah... Goddamnit. If we can't find the flashlight, we'll have to take our chances.

Anderson may be wounded, but the group has a better chance of holding them off than you do challenging him head on.

I hate to split the party, but at this point, we have no choice, child. Go for Kim! Go!

You don't have long to consider your options, you have to move! Get moving!
>>
No. 605255 ID: 534cc4

>>605168
Seems reasonable enough, but dammit I wish there was a safe way to get the pilgrim away from Pablo and then book it to Kim and the light.
>>
No. 605261 ID: 534cc4

Fuck it just run.
>>
No. 605333 ID: 0769b3

Fucking hell we should never split up, when the hell has splitting up been a good idea in a horror film?
Someone is gonna die if we split up, we are stronger thogether though and we can kick that pilgrims ass up!
>>
No. 605360 ID: 9f37d6
File 141690068679.gif - (7.13KB , 701x683 , 642.gif )
605360

Nan is split between fighting and fleeing, but decides the safer option is to run. In an attempt to keep the figure's attention away from the others, Nan shouts a parting taunt and bolts for the door.
>>
No. 605362 ID: 9f37d6
File 141690079321.gif - (167.27KB , 701x683 , 643.gif )
605362

Nan runs through the open doorway.

[Animated]
>>
No. 605363 ID: a19cd5

Yep, this was a bad idea. OH WELL.
Look around, what's going on in here?
>>
No. 605364 ID: 07a835

>>605362
Yep, that sure was a trap alright. Look around, Nan.
>>
No. 605368 ID: 0769b3

Welp shit son we dun fucked up now, id hate to start makeing assumptions about the status of pablo and anderson but right now we need information
>>605362 nan: examine everything
>>
No. 605370 ID: 9f37d6
File 141690174969.gif - (12.42KB , 701x683 , 644.gif )
605370

Nan has entered the SECOND FLOOR HALLWAY.

The door has shut behind her with great force. It appears jammed, and will not open.
>>
No. 605371 ID: 07a835

Well I guess that confirms without a doubt that this hotel is not a real place. You just went up and then to the side and wound up two floors down.

Walk along the hallway, see if you can enter any other doors.
>>
No. 605377 ID: e31d12

>>605370
Nothing we can do for Pablo and Anderson right now.

Find the stairs down to the first floor and head for the furnace.
>>
No. 605378 ID: cbd5e1

First of all: told ya.

Back to serious business: well, might as well go for the Furnace right now. Though now we're maimed, alone, without a source of light and stuck on the BURNT FLOOR OF EVIL.

We've possibly condemned Pablo and Anderson to death. Let's make it count, at least. Avoid everything that seems dangerous. If we see the Padre or Santiago, run like hell. Would be really nice if we could find the oil lamp we used some time ago when we were with Santiago.
>>
No. 605379 ID: 223c09

Oh hey there, frying pan!
Damn. In best Adventure Game Spirit: take the door to your left at the end of the hallway.
>>
No. 605380 ID: 899aca

Welp, those guys are dead.
LET'S FIND KIM
>>
No. 605381 ID: 9b0e21

So the obvious trap that half of us called turned out to be a trap.

Anyway, peek into both doors and see what Eldritch horrors lie within.
>>
No. 605383 ID: f1beae

I FUCKING- No, WE FUCKING TOLD YOU. ALLLLLL OF YOU. It was a trap. God damn it. Okay, just fucking examine everything.
>>
No. 605384 ID: e31d12

A little early to be planting the flag, eh guys? We don't know what may or may not be a trap. We don't know what happened to Pablo and Anderson. We can only deal with what's in front of us right now. Consequences, negative or positive, will be made clear in time.

How would staying behind have been the better choice? Nan already stabbed the Pilgrim in the head, with no result whatsoever. She was stabbed in the hand and losing blood. The flashlight was not an option. What condition was she in to fight? He was very clearly focused on her. Running might have drawn him away from Pablo and Anderson.
>>
No. 605387 ID: ad627d

We gotta get to the furnace find the stairs or the elevator
>>
No. 605404 ID: 0b1dd8

How could anyone not see this coming?

Anyways, the colour change is probably indicative of some more time-space shenanigans, let's look for some dead people to redeem
>>
No. 605411 ID: cbd5e1

>>605404
Second floor has always looked this way, if I recall correctly. Also, we can't redeem anything without a light source to shine on people/see and touch "shadows".

>>605384
Yea, because leaving a crazy supernatural entity hellbent on murder alone with the guys who just helped his prey escape will surely lead to nothing bad whatsoever. From now on we'll have to assume Pablo and Anderson are both dead.

If we have to explore, let's be quick about it. We have no fighting chance if something bad comes at us. Priority should be a light source, then the furnace.
>>
No. 605413 ID: d3be40

Well, that was pathetic. You should focus on protecting Kim. This isn't good.

Nan, remember how you saw Kim in the boiler, when she got fried? It's possible that really was Henry... or you. And that it happened because in an alternate timeline, Kim ran and you stayed fighting Pilgrim. If you can save Kim this time around, Anderson would probably understand.

Just make sure you keep Henry at a distance, if you find him. In plain view, so that he don't do anything. Find Kim and get out of the boiler room ASAP, do not provoke anyone, do not talk about anything, until you're safely out.
>>
No. 605418 ID: 928b98

>>605370
Forget finding Kim, she was an obvious trap. Stay alert and try to find a way out
>>
No. 605425 ID: dbd097

>Try harder to open the door
>>
No. 605428 ID: c47180

We are now working aganst time here, pablo and anderson are in there with the pilgrim and it would probably be in our best interests if we get in there as quickly as possible
>>605370 nan: bash down that door with your lead pipe, if that fails go fast, explore around and find a way in there
>>
No. 605436 ID: ad627d

Find something to bandage our hand with if nothing is available tear off a piece of your shirt to do it
>>
No. 605437 ID: 534cc4

Well as much as this sucks at least we still live, let's go find the furnace where we saw the fake Kim last time.
>>
No. 605445 ID: ef8f1b

quick! do the safety dance!
>>
No. 605449 ID: fe6f71

First, check inventory. Second, use something to bandage your hand with.
>>
No. 605453 ID: caad34

Had to wait for ban to lift but dang did some suggestions make that period painful.

Out of the oven into the frying pan, eh? We should forget about the door, Weaver made it clear that we aren't going through that door anytime soon.

I don't even know what "our" long term goal is anymore but do not remain stationary. Like most of the hotel ,this place doesn't seem too inviting. Equip pipe and keep a strong grip on it with your good hand incase of an ambush.

We may have left the pilgrim behind but god-only-knows what that thing could do track us down. It should also be noted that the Padre and Santiago are both very viable threats that are currently unaccounted for.

Move cautiously with your back mostly towards the wall try looking for doors that may lead to a bedroom. Hopefully there is a clean bathroom with running water and towels so you can tend to your wound.
>>
No. 605475 ID: bcf8c4

Find Kim or locate what looked like Kim and beckoned you through the door.
>>
No. 605503 ID: a2b630

Alright, that was a dreadful decision on our part. But, nonetheless, my child, a deision that could be made to our benefit!

Remember the note? While it mentions the pilgrim, it does also mention you will need to investigate the furnace, which looks like where you're being led.

Remember where the illusion of Kim died?

Furnace. Either Kim is long since dead and leading us on our way, or we're being given a lot of prophetic visions, but we must press on.

Tear off a piece of your clothing to wrap around the other hand, child, before it infects. Once that's done, and you have it secured, arm your pipe, keep your faith held high, and move onward.

We can only move onward from here, children.
>>
No. 605528 ID: 9f37d6
File 141696416929.gif - (10.11KB , 701x683 , 645.gif )
605528

Unable to reopen the door she came through, Nan peers into the next room.

It appears empty. Everything is charred black.
>>
No. 605529 ID: 928b98

Peek through the door? If there's nothing then move on.
>>
No. 605530 ID: 9f37d6
File 141696428792.gif - (11.99KB , 701x683 , 646.gif )
605530

Nan hears faint noises in one of the rooms just a few doors down the blackened hall.
>>
No. 605531 ID: ad627d

>>605530
proceed cautiously and check it out
>>
No. 605532 ID: 928b98

But only open the door a little, don't want anything jumping out at us.
>>
No. 605536 ID: 0f2a62

>>605530
Place flappy ear against door.
>>
No. 605537 ID: e31d12

Once she figures out which door the noises are coming from, Nan should listen inside before opening it.
>>
No. 605538 ID: fe6f71

GET THAT LEAD PIPE OUT RIGHT NOW! Again, inventory check. Or at least point me towards the last one...
>>
No. 605540 ID: 9f37d6
File 141696526064.gif - (12.17KB , 701x683 , 647.gif )
605540

Nan equips the lead pipe in her good hand and listens at the doorway.

Someone or something is moving around inside. She can hear quick breathing.
>>
No. 605541 ID: 928b98

open door slightly and peek in.
>>
No. 605542 ID: 231031

Bah burst open that door and announce "I AM the AVENGER!!!" Hold your pipe so that if the person inside is hostile you can swing it up into the one place that would send agony into anybody.
>>
No. 605544 ID: c247da

Kick open the door and hold your pipe steady
>>
No. 605545 ID: 9f37d6
File 141696615658.gif - (13.94KB , 701x683 , 648.gif )
605545

Nan bursts in with her weapon at the ready.

Henry screams like a child.
>>
No. 605546 ID: 928b98

WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN
>>
No. 605547 ID: 47f8fc

>Touch Henry's face with your bloody hand.
>>
No. 605548 ID: c247da

Ask what this place is
>>
No. 605549 ID: 07a835

Laugh, and ask where he's been. Tell him to try not to lie this time.
>>
No. 605552 ID: ad627d

>>605545
Henry where did your shirt go?
>>
No. 605577 ID: 9f37d6
File 141697309134.gif - (11.25KB , 701x683 , 649.gif )
605577

Henry falls backwards and sits there for a moment, trying to catch his breath. He gives an uncomfortable, relieved laugh.

He takes quick breaths and only manages a few words at a time. "Oh, thank God, it's you. You almost gave me a heart attack."

Nan asks where he's been.
He says he's been by himself ever since they got split up at the Chapel. He was hiding in one of the rooms for as long as he could, but then he got hungry and had to go look for food. And a second ago he heard a door slam, so he ducked into this room.

"I should have come looking for you but after that thing chased me I lost my nerve."
He glances down at himself briefly.
"I uh... I guess I probably don't look very brave right now."
>>
No. 605579 ID: a5307b

Did Henry hear anyone else moving in the hallway before the door slammed? I'm curious to know whether that Kim was real or not..
>>
No. 605580 ID: 07a835

>>605577
That doesn't explain where his shirt went. Speaking of fabrics, does he know where you can find a medkit or something? You got hurt.
>>
No. 605581 ID: 47f8fc

>Show him your hand and ask if he has any kind of solution or at least a turn-a-kit.
>Relay your story.
>>
No. 605583 ID: ad627d

>>605577
We don't really have time to explain but we have to go to the furnace asap
Also do you have anything to help bandage up our wounded hand?
>>
No. 605584 ID: 9f37d6
File 141697411854.gif - (13.84KB , 701x683 , 650.gif )
605584

Nan holds out her injured hand.
"Oh my god! You're bleeding! What happened? Are you okay?!"
Nan says there's precious little time to explain, but she was attacked.
>>
No. 605586 ID: 9f37d6
File 141697434754.gif - (11.68KB , 701x683 , 651.gif )
605586

Nan asks if Henry has any bandages.
"Oh! Yeah! Yeah, actually, that's perfect! I have a-- after I got away from that thing, I ripped up my shirt for bandages, so I could patch up my arm. But uh, it turns out that makes... like, a lot of bandages. Way more than I needed. Actually, my arm wasn't even really that hurt, so uh..."
Henry smiles somewhat sheepishly.
"So uh, yeah. Lots of bandages. But I left them in the room, I didn't think to take them with me."
>>
No. 605587 ID: ad627d

>>605586
Cool we can pick them up on the way
>>
No. 605588 ID: e31d12

>>605586
"All this blood loss is making me feel lightheaded. I don't think I can make the trek back to the room. A true gentleman would offer his pants to wrap my wound."( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

But seriously, why is Henry acting so strange? He's either adorably socially awkward or suspicious as hell.

Screw it. No sense hanging around here. Ask Henry to lead you back to the room. Keep the lead pipe handy.
>>
No. 605589 ID: 47f8fc

>Tell Henry to stop playing with the darkness.
>>
No. 605590 ID: 6e79d4

Is there something behind you?
>>
No. 605591 ID: d3be40

Wow. Really? That's just @#$%ing pathetic. You know, for a cover story.

If he's telling the truth, then that's really cute. Nan, tell him to stay within your line of sight or he'll eat so much of the dirt that you'll be able to plant poison ivy in his skin. Tell him that the sentence "Look behind you" is considered prohibited in your presence, with the penalty of being assaulted by a very pissed off electrician. Tell him that if he sees something behind you, either he will move around you to point at it, or he will tell you to run towards him, pipe in hand, because there's a fucking monster behind you.

Don't trust Henry. Or Kim, for that matter. Keep them both in front of you and get out as soon as possible. We don't want to create a stable time loop of Kim being burned to death. Remember what happened when you met your future self and slammed the door behind you? This is that, but for Kim. It seems that time travel is possible here, so try to change the future this time.

Also, ask about his kids. Bait him. Say one kid's name and ask about it. If he says the other kid's name, call him out on it.

If he really is a monster, if he really did try to kill Little Holly and June, you need to monologue loudly that you're trying to save the survivors, regardless of what crimes they committed. Pablo, Anderson, Anna, Alan, they all had past crimes that you discovered. Santiago and Kim might have their own crimes to live with. You yourself might have accidentally caused a horrible fire at a nightclub. But who cares?! This is YOUR time!

Right now, you all need to work together. Work in spite of your guilt, defy it, use it. THIS IS BIGGER THAN YOU AND YOUR CRIMES. You've seen the signs, listened to the mad prophets. If Lightbringer succeeds in whatever the hell he's doing, whether it's demonic possession or destroying and recreating the world, if you lose here, the WHOLE WORLD could lose. What if the hotel is testing civilization by checking to see if a bunch of sinners and criminals can band together and survive to redeem themselves? This is your moment: Sinners, Killers, Dictators, Psychopaths, COME ONE, COME ALL, BECAUSE THE WHOLE @#$%ING WORLD NEEDS SAVING.

Basically, Henry might have a bad past, you ALL might have a bad past, but you need to WORK TOGETHER, this might be your ONE SHOT at redeeming yourselves and SAVING THE WORLD.
>>
No. 605592 ID: c06138

We need to try and get back into the lounge, our hand isn't important right now. And when this is over, Henry has a lot of questions to answer. Check the discussion thread, he is very suspicious. But first thing first, we need to find a way back into the lounge. Anderson and Pablo will probably die without our help.
>>
No. 605593 ID: 47f8fc

>Also tell Henry to stop being such a downer.
>>
No. 605595 ID: c6ec0b

Does Nan observe any injury on his arm
Make sure he actually has some kind of injury

Compare inventory
>>
No. 605598 ID: 9f37d6
File 141697615748.gif - (17.47KB , 701x683 , 652.gif )
605598

Nan is carrying:
LEAD PIPE
MAGNIFYING GLASS
JOURNAL OF FATHER FRANCIS VELASCO

Henry's arm does appear bruised, most likely from when Santiago tried to block him from getting into the Chapel, but as he said, it doesn't look serious. Nothing obviously broken.

Henry gets to his feet and Nan keeps her pipe equipped, telling him to move ahead of her and lead the way to the room.
"It's... on the first floor. Um. You seem pretty uneasy. I mean, obviously anyone would be in a place like this, but I mean, specifically. Is this about whatever hurt your hand? Is there something I should be worried about?"
>>
No. 605599 ID: ad627d

>>605598
We had a run in with The Pilgrim on the fourth floor but then we went through a door that used impossible space and slammed behind us, bringing us here to the second floor.
So we should be relatively safe for now.
>>
No. 605600 ID: e31d12

>>605598
"The Pilgrim attacked me. He stabbed my hand. Anderson was wounded in the chaos. Kim...disappeared. Pablo tried to hold the Pilgrim as long as he could while I ran...I don't know if any of them are alive. I don't think we have to worry about the Pilgrim for now."
>>
No. 605605 ID: ad627d

>>605600
I think it's best if we don't tell him about the rest of the group's status at the moment. Seeing as he's already feeling pretty anxious.
>>
No. 605606 ID: 07a835

>>605598
Tell him you think everyone here is guilty of murder in some way.
>>
No. 605607 ID: e31d12

>>605605
I don't disagree, however, Henry will probably want to know if Nan has seen anyone else since they got separated. Although he's acting weird, telling him the truth would be a good sign of trust. Maybe seeing that Nan trusts him will calm him down. However, if he hears the grim news without expressing concern for the others, that would make him more suspicious...
>>
No. 605640 ID: 704056

>>605598

let's go to the first floor with Henry.

If the Pilgrim has some kind of sense of where Nan might be, he might leave Pablo and Anderson alone. (At least Anderson won't have to go all monstery on Pablo for being the Pilgrim again, at least)

Also, tell Henry to keep an eye out for Kim.
>>
No. 605642 ID: 2073cc

Point blank ask him does he really wanna know?

No, sincerely, ask this question. If he does, tell the truth. If not, say okay, focus on bandages.
>>
No. 605643 ID: 9f37d6
File 141698262765.gif - (14.67KB , 701x683 , 653.gif )
605643

Nan says she was attacked by the Pilgrim, but managed to escape. She decides not to say anything about the fate of the others for now, though.

Henry shakes his head and shivers visibly. "That thing with the skeleton face, right? Is it still after you? Should we be worried?" He proceeds down the stairs, taking point without needing to be asked.
>>
No. 605652 ID: 07a835

>>605643
There's always danger here, so yes.
>>
No. 605671 ID: cf7d35

"If worried you mean on our guard, yes, always"
>>
No. 605677 ID: d3be40

Nan, ask Henry if he has a wife. Kids. Anyone who would miss him if he were to die here.

BAIT HIM.

If he says the names Holly and/or June, pin him down and get some answers. If he moves for the boiler room, pin him down and get some answers. If he actively walks down the stairs to the boiler room, grab him, throw him into the hallway, and bash his skull until he goes limp. Whatever you do, DO NOT LET HIM IN THE BOILER ROOM.

If Kim dies, search the boiler room and poke around in the boiler with the MAGNIFYING GLASS and the JOURNAL OF FATHER FRANCIS VELASCO.

Man, you'd better hope she lives. She might make a great friend in 2014.
>>
No. 605680 ID: 9f37d6
File 141698752348.gif - (11.89KB , 701x683 , 654.gif )
605680

Nan and Henry return to the FIRST FLOOR LANDING.

Henry stops, noticing the chains on the janitor's closet. He says this is new, but he might be able to get them open with some time.

Nan remarks that the danger has never passed in a place like this. Especially where the Pilgrim is concerned, they should stay cautious.

"I'm not too worried about you, though. If anyone's gonna make it through this, it's you. You're a survivor."
Henry nods gravely, but forces a smile. "Besides, worst case scenario, if he comes for you, you can just go out the window again."
>>
No. 605688 ID: 07a835

...um. The only person that saw you go out the window was the Pilgrim himself.

I say jump him and restrain him, then confront him with that information. He should not know that!
>>
No. 605689 ID: 478404

... Ask him how he knows about that (slowly backing away optional). If I'm remembering correctly, Nan did that after Anna died, and no one else was to be found.

Tighten grip on pipe as precaution.
>>
No. 605692 ID: e31d12

>>605688
We have a winner! Aside from the Pilgrim, the only ones who even knew Nan was on the courtyard balcony were the Beast and Santiago. Henry just goofed. He might be connected to one of them. Lead pipe to the back of his head? Better yet, pin him against the door with the lead pipe against his neck. Demand answers and apply pressure if he tries to talk his way out of this.
>>
No. 605694 ID: c6f54e

Henry specifically claimed that he went downstairs after encountering the pilgrim and stayed in the furnace room, not that he ever saw Nan encounter him -- Nan also did not inform him of the route she took to escape him during their journey together. She did not trust Henry at the time.

Henry has been curiously alone at multiple sections of this tale and has survived a solo-encounter with the Pilgrim, by his accounts. This is peculiar.

> DANGER
>>
No. 605713 ID: cbd5e1

>>605692
Have him unlock those chains, THEN go for an hostile action. With an injured hand I doubt Nan could do that herself.

Meanwhile, we could ask him about something only Nan and the others might know in a really casual and smooth manner while he's working on those chains. If he answers correctly, then yea, suspicion confirmed, we can rough him up a bit.
>>
No. 605721 ID: c6ec0b

Be careful.
but don't forget that there was a figure across the courtyard during the escape out the window. It's possible that it was Henry. Remember healthy suspicion.
>>
No. 605725 ID: c6ec0b

It's possible that the Padre won't go near Henry
There are two cases for this:
-First when we found him in the hall injured
-And again in the furnace room
>>
No. 605731 ID: e31d12

>>605721
If that was Henry in the window across the courtyard, wouldn't he have said something when he and Nan reunited in the furnace? Besides, in the furnace he said that he went out in the hallway while Nan was sleeping, saw the Pilgrim had killed Anna, and ran downstairs. The figure in the window opposite the Sunset Room was on the third floor.

Henry is suspicious as hell right now.
>>
No. 605732 ID: d3be40

1. Henry keeps fiddling with the chains: Point the pipe at Henry's head and warn him to get away from the janitor's closet. Your new task is to find a new safe room.
2. Henry ignores your warning: Pin Henry to the wall with the pipe at his neck and call him out on how he's even luckier than Pablo, how utterly suspicious he is, and how he knows things that only a select number of people should know. Remember to tell him that you are willing to save all the survivors, like you said to Santiago earlier, and that the entire world could hinge on your success, let alone your redemption. Warn him that if Kim dies because of him, you will hurt him in ways that only the death in the darkness can console.
3. Henry opens the door despite your threats: Bash Henry's skull with the pipe until he goes limp. Tie him up with the chains, lock them if you can. Run downstairs and make sure Kim is okay. (Note: Ignore this step if you hear Kim screaming, but make sure that you grab Henry in the back and make sure to watch his movements at all times.
>>
No. 605747 ID: f1beae

Nan, BE VERY VERY SUSPICIOUS OF HENRY.
>>
No. 605750 ID: 37ea5c

Ah crap, so much stuff happened while I was sleeping!

I want to ask him to repeat his story of how he came to the hotel (say you forgot and think it's important or something) to see if he still copies Pablo's, but now that he's made a far more obvious blunder we should jump on that.

So yeah. Back away slowly and ask how he knows that. Maybe also point out that his story of what happened on the night of Anna's murder doesn't match up with Pablo's (there's a discussion post on it somewhere, basically he said he woke up to an empty room after Anna died, Pablo says the room was empty before Anna died).
>>
No. 605755 ID: caad34

DO NOT SPAZ. Even though there is a healthy level of suspicion that always be maintained, persecuting him on a detail like that is foolish.

We have seen the redemption of the dead, treacherous doppelgängers, and we quite literally ran into "ourselves" at one point.

Lets not get alarmed and aggressive about everything or else we'll be doing the hotel's job for it. Additionally if he is connected to a monster or may even be one, why pick a fight with him in "our" state?

I posit that we keep a mental note of his remark and address it in a "better" environment. Should we do it now things may not go easily for us.

Make a remark like, "Sounds like you're making fun of for doing that", in a joking tone. That may help lighten the mood or fluster him to defend your course of action. It's a comment that isn't super alarming and might even get him to tell us how he witnessed that moment.
>>
No. 605760 ID: 5f02d8

Discretely grip your pipe and get ready to swing if he goes psycho and tries to jump you, but then just ask him how he knows. The only people who are aware that we've been in the courtyard are the Pilgrim and Santiago, but with all these visions flying around who knows.

That said, Henry seems to be acting kind of. Off. He's jumpy, I suppose. Understandable, if he had been acting that way before. He was fairly brave and confident earlier, even in the face of danger. Now he seems shaken and anxious, and I don't think just sitting in a dark room for a while and taking off his shirt would be enough to cause that.
>>
No. 605769 ID: fe6f71

Ask him what room he's been staying in, and remind him of your hand. Henry's acting weird, but then again this hotel could drive anyone a bit bonkers. Remember the lounge, and how you all thought it was on different floors? Also, examine all you items to see if anything about them has changed since you seem to have free time. Specifically the book.

Another note- why did the hotel trick you with Kim. I don't think Kim was the hotel's doing. After all, the pilgrim was so close to capturing you, so why would the hotel let you go again? I think another supernatural force is at work here. For now stick with Henry and watch him closely. Don't attack or provoke him, he's your only friend right now. Also, look for a replacement for your flashlight. If you want to get out of this alive, you'll need a light source to do that memory saving thing you do.
>>
No. 605778 ID: c47180

Ready your self for danger be on alert and dont get jumped
>>
No. 605789 ID: 1fbb52

>>605680
Smash that vase. I have no legitimate reason to propose that we smash the vase, except for a temporary feeling of empowerment. It'll probably come back anyway.
>>
No. 605791 ID: ad627d

>>605789
Yeah fuck that vase, what did it ever do for us?
Kick it's ass
>>
No. 605814 ID: fe6f71

TAKE THAT PIPE AND SMASH THAT POT WITH IT! Then collect one sharp piece of the pottery to use for a knife in the future and examine the flowers.
>>
No. 605821 ID: 1fbb52

>>605814
While this sounds like a good idea in planning, having a shard of glass or ceramic in our pocket does not.
Plus the last time we tried to use glass as a knife we got our hand cut. See: Ruby Quest. I think having a literal hole in our hand is enough.
>>
No. 605831 ID: c47180

We should build up more trust with Henry, you know get friendly and ask questions talk about what happend so that if something were to happen that would hurt the groups trust we can help keep the group strong and together.
>>
No. 605833 ID: c6ec0b

GO Link on that "EVIL POT" get all the rupees
>>
No. 605838 ID: fe6f71

Okay, then no glass knife... until we get bandages to wrap it in? I still say wail on that potted plant IT IS EVIIIIILLLL!!! Plus it'll be good anger relief for you Nan! And since your a goat of some sort maybe you can eat the flowers...?
>>
No. 605847 ID: 86e91d

Procced, but ask how does he know that
>>
No. 605848 ID: d3be40

>>605789
That's @#$%ing awesome.

Nan, new plan: if Henry keeps fiddling with the chains, use flower vase on Henry. THEN threaten him with the pipe. You can't do much with a wounded hand, so pick up the vase and use it on his head to stun him, and then use the pipe on the back of his skull.

Also, please try not to lose your hand. Grab some medical supplies wherever you find them. Be careful not to get dirt or dust inside the wounds.
>>
No. 605851 ID: c302b8

I suggest that you two just go back to the 4th floor whether tom i mean henry wants to or not
>>
No. 605852 ID: c302b8

Ooh... ok
suggeston 1: then grab the vase and smash I it in his head, then while he's dazed run into the main lobby doors(maybe it'll confuse the monster) then run back up the stairs
suggestion 2: smash his head with the vase and attack him with the pipe
suggestion 3: laugh awkwardly, then run to the right
suggestion 4: ask "How did you know that I went out the window if you were'nt there?" Then prepare for battle AGAIN
>>
No. 605853 ID: c302b8

WAKE UP!!!
>>
No. 605854 ID: 3009b4

Just a little reminder that if Henry is the Pilgrim in disguise he is more than likely not going to be hurt if Nan attacks him.
>>
No. 605855 ID: 9f37d6
File 141704727273.gif - (11.57KB , 701x683 , 655.gif )
605855

Henry
how do you know that?

"What?"

Nan never told you that she escaped out the window. You weren't there.
>>
No. 605856 ID: 9f37d6
File 141704729184.gif - (10.02KB , 701x683 , 656.gif )
605856

>>
No. 605857 ID: 9f37d6
File 141704730310.gif - (10.26KB , 701x683 , 657.gif )
605857

>>
No. 605858 ID: fe6f71

please don't attack Henry... He's an idiot sure, but he's not harmful. Just don't let your guard down.
>>
No. 605859 ID: 9f37d6
File 141704732248.gif - (10.30KB , 701x683 , 658.gif )
605859

"Oops."
>>
No. 605860 ID: fe6f71

ATTACK HIM!!! Ignore my other comment, it was before, it was before the pictures were uploaded. USE VASE TO HENRY SMASH!
>>
No. 605862 ID: 4258b5

>>605859
Bail, run, leave, get the fuck out of there.
>>
No. 605863 ID: ad627d

>>605859
Aw shit
Pipe 'em
>>
No. 605865 ID: d3be40

IT'S KILLING TIME! Ladies and Gentlemen, I don't think Henry is a mortal anymore! Sir Henry Perverted Backstabbing Motherf@#$er, your status as survivor has been REVOKED!!!

Or maybe that's not Henry. Either way, kill this idiot. But try to spare him if you can, we might need a subject for interrogation and/or a hostage, or an inside man. Focus on saving Kim!

Nan, give him one chance to surrender, and then do something similar to what you did to the father of Little Holly and June: throw the vase, push him onto the floor, bludgeon him repeatedly with the pipe, and remember to break his nose and jaw. Then for extra measure, cripple his hands and feet. Ask him what is going on, how to stop the end of the world, and how to leave the hotel without damning yourself.

If it turns out he's another of those monsters, run. You may want to smash his face, though.
>>
No. 605866 ID: fab898

>>605859

Guard self with pipe, if he becomes antagonistic at all, shove him aside your pipe and go up the stairs.

If he doesn't go all crazy, tersely ask him at least, if he really is Henry.
>>
No. 605868 ID: 1fbb52

>>605859
You know what, I don't even wanna know what might be upstairs now, and I say fuck going down the hall in either direction, knock those fucking eyebrows off his face. If that doesn't work, bail out as fast as your feet can carry you.
>>
No. 605871 ID: 1fbb52

>>605865
Yeah, I don't think this is Henry. In fact, I think this is what we saw in the furnace, and what we just saw after our encounter with the Pilgrim.
Not to beat the term dead, but: Ladies and gentlemen, I think it's finally happening.
I think we're dealing with a shapeshifter.
Explaining the joke probably kills it, and increases my spoilertext overuse, but for those of you that don't know: there was a bit of an in-joke shortly after Ruby Quest where shapeshifters were responsible for everything.
>>
No. 605873 ID: 534cc4

Nan use pendant!
.....
Or just beat the shit out of him/it.
>>
No. 605874 ID: 231031

>>605873
In the fork, shapeshifter or not, it hurts, or even better go for a combo. Pipe below, vase to the face.
>>
No. 605876 ID: ad627d

>>605871
That could make sense if this is actually none other than SANTIAGO
the no shirt connection is there at least
RELEASE THE FURY
>>
No. 605877 ID: 3f42e6

>>605859
Say:
>"This is kind of awkward. So, are you some sort of demon or something? Is scaring people your fetish?"

Attempt conversation before turning this into a fight. Whatever Henry is, he's obviously intelligent. He's also hasn't attacked you yet, which means he's either non-hostile or too weak for an open fight.
Either way, it would be to our benefit to try and get him talking. He could reveal something useful.
>>
No. 605878 ID: 534cc4

>>605859
The way it isn't immediately killing you... could it be friendly?

Either way we need to get it to explain what it is after beating it Into submission. (If it is somehow Santiago I would lol.)
>>
No. 605880 ID: a19cd5

>>605877
I agree with this and disagree with every BEAT HIM 2 ULTRADETH comment so far. That said, do get on the defensive with that pipe.
>>
No. 605881 ID: 9f37d6
File 141705195921.gif - (11.54KB , 701x683 , 659.gif )
605881

Nan attempts the diplomatic approach.
She swings the lead pipe, and Henry reflexively blocks. He yelps in pain as the pipe connects with his forearm.
>>
No. 605882 ID: ccea58

Try an actual diplomatic approach?
>>
No. 605883 ID: ad627d

>>605881
Continue the interrogation/beating
>>
No. 605885 ID: 1fbb52

>>605881
Interrogation now seems like a viable option since it can feel pain. Maybe we should've actually been diplomatic. Only time and many drubbings will tell.
>>
No. 605886 ID: 3f42e6

>>605881
>"You know, for a shapeshifting demon, you're a bit of a wimp."
Get talking. Try to start conversation.


I think we're letting our paranoia get the better of us. It would be a shame to beat him to death only to find out he was a the real Henry all along.
>>
No. 605887 ID: fab898

>>605881

Interrogate him, and tell him we're in a hurry, and on the run from the Pilgrim, so if he doesn't co-operate, Nan's gonna be Hittin' some kneecaps around here.
>>
No. 605888 ID: f10b8e

go for the legs! and when hes inmovile interrogate him.

also, is the door in the lobby open?
>>
No. 605889 ID: 9f37d6
File 141705300980.gif - (10.78KB , 701x683 , 660.gif )
605889

Henry grabs the lead pipe.

"I guess we should have done this sooner."
>>
No. 605890 ID: a19cd5

>>605889
GORE HIM WITH YOUR HORNS YOU ARE A GOAT
>>
No. 605891 ID: 1fbb52

>>605889
OOOH SHIT
>>
No. 605892 ID: 534cc4

>>605881
(Somehow that window in the background looks perfect for a pilgrim to crawl through right about now.)

Keep wildly beating him and try to get him on the ground!
>>
No. 605893 ID: 534cc4

>>605889
Bite his arm!
>>
No. 605894 ID: 1fbb52

>>605890
THEMS IS NUBS THEY AIN'T GORIN' SHIT.
AND THIS IS WHY I OPTED FOR ULTRADETH.
>>
No. 605895 ID: ccea58

SUCK HIS DICK
>>
No. 605896 ID: f10b8e

DAMMIT NAN DO YOU EVEN LIFT!?

wait for exposition and then run like hell.
>>
No. 605897 ID: ad627d

>>605889
Who's we?
Can you at least explain what you are.

Get ready to run or grab the vase and use it to bash the guy's face
>>
No. 605898 ID: d3be40

>>605896
She's badly wounded and her left hand is hard to use. Cut her some slack.

Well Nan, you tried to end this diplomatically. Now headbutt this idiot and head for the courtyard!

The beast might be nice to us after we helped resolve some of the voices in her head. Or not. Either way, she's probably your best bet at killing Henry.

Or use the blood in your hand to stun Henry and beat him to a pulp. Do not stop whacking him until you have done irreparable damage. Then break his arms and legs. Hands and feet too. Finally, find a way to tie him up.

If you're desperate or don't have any rope, gnaw his hands off. Cruel as this may be, you may want to ask him how many unfortunate survivors he backstabbed over the years. Twenty? 466? Everyone?

Get his side of the story. Then make sure he can't kill any of your allies ever again.
>>
No. 605899 ID: 1fbb52

>>605897
I assumed he was referring to he and Nan. Very well could have meant something else though.
>>
No. 605900 ID: 231031

You have feet, kick him in the fork or pull him in and knee him in the solar plexus
>>
No. 605902 ID: 9f37d6
File 141705442276.gif - (7.08KB , 701x683 , 661.gif )
605902

Henry wrenches the weapon away from the injured Nan.
>>
No. 605903 ID: 9f37d6
File 141705445228.gif - (9.31KB , 701x683 , 662.gif )
605903

Nan smashes Henry in the face with the nearby flowerpot.
>>
No. 605904 ID: 9f37d6
File 141705461636.gif - (11.72KB , 701x683 , 663.gif )
605904

Nan bolts for the front door.
>>
No. 605905 ID: d3be40

Yay improvising!

Now follow up with the MAGNIFYING GLASS or run to the courtyard and get the beast to eat him alive.
>>
No. 605906 ID: 1fbb52

>>605904
BEAST IMMINENT
BRACE FOR MORE RUNNING
>>
No. 605908 ID: 534cc4

>>605904

......Freedom?

(Pffft haha no.)
>>
No. 605909 ID: 3f42e6

>>605903
Retreat backwards and ask
>"What have you done with the real Henry? I swear, if you've hurt him, I'll kill you"

I know, it's cliche, but it will hopefully bait him into talking to us.
Also, if he is the real Henry, then it gives us an excuse for attacking him. We can claim that we thought he was a fake, just like that time we saw a duplicate of Kate being burned to death.
It also implies that we care about Henry's safety. This will make his more likely to trust us if he's the real Henry.

He has the pipe, so direct confrontation wouldn't be wise.
>>
No. 605910 ID: 9f37d6
File 141705537121.gif - (14.09KB , 701x683 , 664.gif )
605910

Nan bursts through the doors.

Nan has entered the TERRA COTTA COURTYARD.
>>
No. 605911 ID: ccea58

Contemplate life.
>>
No. 605912 ID: f10b8e

now we are weaponless and with no sources of light... yep, just keep running and hope for the best.

we should have janked his pants of to use as a bandage when we had the chance...
>>
No. 605913 ID: fe6f71

THE FLOWER POT IS NOW DEAD! MUHAHAHA! Anyhow, get far away as possible, and if you need to, use the door in between you and Henry.
>>
No. 605914 ID: fe6f71

oh.. yet again, late post. ignore last one. Look around for anything to use as a weapon. A piece of metal maybe?
>>
No. 605916 ID: fab898

>>605910

Look around, and see if you can spot our joke cracking nun again.
>>
No. 605917 ID: d3be40

Nan, this may be your one chance to escape... but you could lose if you run away. Maybe you're marked for death. Maybe the exit just leads to another part of the hotel. Maybe the deaths of your fellow survivors will haunt you to the grave.

Maybe Lightbringer will win and destroy the world... or lose and fail to save it.

Are you sure you want to leave?

If you really are, you could come back after stocking up on supplies.

Either way, the beast is probably within the vicinity. Make sure Henry is following you and lure the beast and Henry at the same time.

Good luck!
>>
No. 605918 ID: 9f37d6
File 141705635116.gif - (9.05KB , 701x683 , 665.gif )
605918

It's so strange.
The night is clear, and the moon is out.

But

what happened to all the stars
>>
No. 605919 ID: 9f37d6
File 141705636125.gif - (3.73KB , 701x683 , 666.gif )
605919

>>
No. 605920 ID: a19cd5

Is that the iron giant
but for real, w h a t
we should probably hide.
>>
No. 605921 ID: d3be40

WELL THAT'S SUFFICIENTLY SCARY

Nan, turn your back on the beast, run back to the hotel, ignore the pain in your hand, and throw Henry into the jaws of her hungry maw once and for all!
>>
No. 605922 ID: cb78a5

>>605919

NOPENOPENOPENOPE
>>
No. 605923 ID: ccea58

Tame the beast! (Just kidding, run for your life.)
>>
No. 605924 ID: f10b8e

nan, i hope that you do cardio on the regular bECAUSE WE ARE UP FOR SOME RUNNING.
>>
No. 605926 ID: 534cc4

>>605919
I like how there is an outline where the stars stop and you can tell this massive fucking thing is there.

..........Proceed....with caution?
>>
No. 605927 ID: 6e79d4

That's no moon!


AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH KEEP RUNNING FUCK
>>
No. 605928 ID: 1fbb52

>>605919
Oh that is fucking awesome. Also, fucking petrifying.
Now is the time to get the fuck out of dodge.
>>
No. 605929 ID: fab898

>>605919

The Beast cometh!

Run away! RUN AWAY!
>>
No. 605930 ID: fe6f71

GO BACK IN! If you can't, duck under something!
>>
No. 605931 ID: cb78a5

>>605787

A little late, but Henry's been lying to us for a while now, but nobody really called him out on it (check the discussion thread). So yeah, Henry's been dicking with us since day one.
>>
No. 605935 ID: 18c4da

Are there any other doors besides the one we came out of? Anywhere else we could hide?
>>
No. 605936 ID: a2b630

Well, I walked in on some suspicious interloping, didn't I?

Henry's been a tricky one frm the beginning, but we had to trust him for some time, didn't we? Now that we couldn't, the safest option was to run. And now look where you are.

Think, child. Back when you were climbing the window before, you couldn't see the courtyard. Everything was engrossed in shadow.

You shouldn't be able to see this yard now. It might be another image, or you might've just found your key unto progress.

But your party is now separated. Pablo and his canine friend are with the Pilgrim. Kim is nowhere to be found. Henry is inside, either waiting for you to run back into his striking hand, or hoping to explain to you. You can't trust him until he's disarmed, but you're outside...

The beast has had the upper hand from the beginning, but this looks not like your beastly friend. Your beast is an amalgamation of souls, of limbs and knots and twisting agony. This, my dear child, does not look like your Beast.

Try to address it. If it doesn't respond positively, THEN run.

But be wary. There are as many men as there are monsters. They need only looked at more closely.
>>
No. 605942 ID: 86e91d

>666.gif
watch in awe
>>
No. 605947 ID: 9b57d3

>>605919
You just... can't... kill The Beast.

Run for cover, Nan. You need to get indoors again.
>>
No. 605948 ID: 1fbb52

>>605942
OH SHIT
Weaver strikes again.
>>
No. 605949 ID: e31d12

>>605919
Hello Beastie

Scan the courtyard for an exit (aside from the door Nan just came through). If there isn't one available...ask it what it wants. There's no point in trying to hide; it already sees her.
>>
No. 605952 ID: 6ccc9a

I think it's time to run yes.
>>
No. 605953 ID: 6ccc9a

So uhm, can we go back through the front door? I think Henry is a BIT less of a threat than the Beast
>>
No. 605961 ID: 47f8fc

>Compare inventories with Beast
>>
No. 605974 ID: b7e22b

Yeah. no. run into the buILDING AND FIND ANOTHER WAY AROUND "Henry"
>>
No. 605991 ID: caad34

Well...wow. Color me impressed...and awestruck. Not just did I not foresee any of these past few events coming but I am shitting bricks due to the gravity of it all.

This situation is so abstract that "we" don't seem to have any clear options but I'll give it a shot.

1st, I don't think that that thing overhead is the Beast. A) Because we already dealt with it and B) because it wasn't the SKY GOD. But hey, this hotels only plays by it's own rules

2nd, that thing may not look friendly (or hostile, for all I--oh um, I mean "we"--could see, it's just a floating pair of giant eyes with no discernible expression) but that exit was previously barricaded by bricks and one can't help but feel that it's now open for a reason. In addition, the entity that may or may not be Henry is still in there. The fact that he disarmed us makes him a possible threat which is reason enough for "us" to only widen the gap between us. He might be shortly coming for "us" and I doubt "we" should meet him half way.

Press yourself against and move along side the wall. I can't tell what angle the CELESTIAL SPECTATOR is looking down from but this way we can use the structure itself to obscure it's view of us.

Remember we are currently being chased (surprise,surprise) so put some pep in your step as you cautiously inch along the walls for a new opening back in the hotel or to part you have never been before. New place so be wary of new threats (duh).

Things are so bad that running into Santiago might actually be a welcomed event. All we need to ensure how screwed we are is for the SPACE LORD to sprout a big smile.
>>
No. 605999 ID: 0769b3

This hotel twists the minds and wills of those who enter, damming them to eternal suffering and leaveing them psycotic and crazed.
>>605871 also jesus ace christ that explains more the. It should have, the reflex to defend its self, the emotionless opps as he realises that he made a mistake, and the raw efficiency he has with physical combat.
Fuck me i need to sleep
>>
No. 606011 ID: 7de480

My memory's a bit iffy on this, has the beast actually done harm to anyone? I believe Santiago was terrified of it, but fuck him he's a fox. Compared to the Pilgrim and the Padre the beast downright harmless.

If we link the beast to the beast mentioned in Hotel California, it would be pointless to try fighting it, as "They stab it with their steely knives, but they just can't kill the beast", and it is probably invincible. Instead Nan should confront it compassionately as it is probably a metaphor for her repressed guilt or madness or something.
>>
No. 606013 ID: ad627d

>>606011
Or it's practically invincible and we should run because last time it was just toying with us if it is able to get this large, or we killed one of it's babies.
>>
No. 606031 ID: 85c385

Why do I feel like we just ran right into the Beast?

Also Henry doesn't seem...hostile. Just. Freaky. IDK What's going on with him. "We should have done this sooner"...done what?
>>
No. 606065 ID: 231031

Oh dear going further with the lyrics
"Last thing I remember I was running for the door.
I had to find the passage back to the place I was before.
'Relax' said the nightman 'we are programmed to recieve'"

So likely Henry if he is the nightman is going to pop up behind us. Depending on the reaction we might have our ending.
>>
No. 606075 ID: f10b8e

>>606031
i dont know. does '666' tells you something?
>>
No. 606082 ID: 7de480

I think we may not actually be in as much danger as we believe ourselves to be, or at least not the same kind of danger. We've seen the hotel wear at the sanity of every other character, why would Nan be any different? How much of what is going on a madness-induced hallucination?

On a different note, any theories about where the beast came from? The Padre and the Pilgrim are obviously members of the old mission, so where does the beast fit in?
>>
No. 606091 ID: f74860

Attack on titan mode activated!
Just kidding... but you should probably dive behind a hedge or confront "the beast"
>>
No. 606104 ID: f1beae

>666.gif
RUN.
>>
No. 606126 ID: 7e71f8

Every single time we've walked through the front door, it's done something really crazy to us, and usually not the least bit helpful. I highly doubt the front door is going to lead us back to Henry, or anyplace we would like to be. As much as this development sucks, I think staying is the better option than throwing our survival chances at the front doors. We need to stay for as long as we can first.
>>
No. 606129 ID: 49ce39

>>606082
I believe the popular interpretation is that the Beast is an amalgam of the souls of everyone who died in the fire.
>>
No. 606139 ID: b81b04

>>606031
Yeah, it seemed more like he was defending himself than trying to attack us.
>>
No. 606150 ID: 017b71

Is Henry pursuing us? If yes, hide until he's outside, then bolt back inside and hold the door shut on him! If no, start humming showtunes at... whatever that thing is. It probably won't attack us, since we don't reek of regret and desire for atonement, but can't be too careful, right?
>>
No. 606180 ID: ffeaf7

>>606065
stop doing this
he's already stated that the story is no longer following the song
also go to the discussion thread
>>
No. 606212 ID: a3b193

I don't think we can win this fight..so better hide nan!
>>605871 This actually explains why Kim suddenly disappeared when we entered the door and henry was there
>>
No. 606221 ID: 1fbb52

>>606212
Tis why I suggested it, it made sense (as much as "FUCKIN' SHAPESHIFTERS" can) AND worked as a nice little joke.
>>
No. 606240 ID: cf7d35

I suggest making a nice 180 and take our chances with Henry rather than confront the beast or staying outside on its home turf
>>
No. 606242 ID: a3b193

not a good idea since we're injured and henry has our pipe
>>
No. 606299 ID: a2b630

Alright, this is quite the predicament we've walked ourselves into. But whatever you do, do not panic.

Do not run.

The Beast is no threat to us.

Why? Why don't you think for a minute? The only time it deliberately went after you was either in the appearance of The Pilgrim, who seems not to be on the same side as Father Velasco and the victims, or in the admittance, the plea, that someone be freed of their sins.

The Beast is no evil to you. It is frightened. It is hurt. And you are no threat or sin to it.

You are the saving grace. The beast recognizes this.

Nan. My Child. Speak with it. Greet it most politely, most sweetly and motherly of tone, and if it does not respond violently, introduce yourself.

Do. Not. Run.
>>
No. 606391 ID: 1fbb52

>>606299
That all seemed a bit pretentious. Poetic, but pretentious.
I think we should try to be diplomatic when we have a means of defense should shit go wrong. This thing is like ten feet tall if not more, though, so we might not even have anything that could even mildly annoy it unless we just crawl into its eyes and rip its brain out from the inside.
>>
No. 606519 ID: 31ea58

>>606391
Also, to answer in a poetic and pretentious way myself:
Fear makes people do things they never thought themselves capable of.
Fear makes you lash out like a wild animal.
Fear is the mind-killer
>>
No. 606538 ID: f6a181

>>606382
That outline makes it look freakin adorable
>>
No. 606565 ID: 1fbb52

>>606519
I find this to be less pretentious because this is something that's easily proven. We can't actually prove if the Beast is not hostile to us unless it doesn't attack us, but that's a pretty risky thing to try and prove.
>>
No. 606578 ID: 0b952f

Running is probably the best option. If we trust Anderson for nothing else, let's trust him on what he said about the Beast: run and don't look back.
>>
No. 606624 ID: c43258

>>606578
This hotel is psychoreactive! Fear will only make things worse. Nan should stand her ground and face the Beast calmly. Worst case scenario we die, and if we know anything about this quest it's that death is not the end.
>>
No. 606630 ID: 5d2d74

"That's how he can live in the dark. He doesn't fear death. He is free in the darkness. He is not afraid.
Little by little, just letting it become a part of himself."

We'll be safe if we keep running, but we'll also lose ourselves in the process.
>>
No. 606632 ID: cf7d35

Father may be right. But if we do confront with diplomacy, we should ready ourselves for a retreat just in case it responses aggressively
Bless you, Father.
>>
No. 606633 ID: cf7d35

Father may be right. But if we do confront with diplomacy, we should ready ourselves for a retreat just in case it responses aggressively
Bless you, Father.
>>
No. 606642 ID: b0d654

>>606624
>>606633
I have strong doubts that the beast is sapient. We should run and maybe try to find a different entrance to the Motel or any other building we might see.
>>
No. 606667 ID: b0d654

>>606642
Even jumping through a window would be a good idea right now.
>>
No. 606671 ID: cef479

Avoid the giant creature that may or may not be made of the burnt bodies of the people killed during the Mission fire. Poetry or none we need to assume that in terms of threats The Beast is a bit bigger threat-wise than Henry.
>>
No. 606740 ID: af3fd6

>>605918

You might not be awake right now. Perhaps you should reassure your own identity and how you got here.
>>
No. 606802 ID: 2073cc

Well, if you're going for a plan that might work, I suggest using the courtyard to your advantage. I'm assuming the courtyard has four walls, like a typical yard. What you should do is run away from the beast, toward your left, seeing as the beast is toward your right. Before running, aim for one of the church bells using either your magnifying glass or a stone you can pick up in the yard.

I only suggest the glass b/c its in your possession, the beast is closing in, and you have no time to spare. After hitting the bell, the beast will hopefully be distracted long enough for you to enter a doorway or window along your left side. If not, run along the wall till you find an escape.

Past that, if the beast gets too close, hit the beast with the thick journal. And use THAT moment to escape further.
>>
No. 606848 ID: c6f54e

Those twin moons actually look like Kim's glasses, if she were looking down at Nan from above.
>>
No. 606867 ID: 9f37d6
File 141733782656.gif - (310.27KB , 701x683 , 667.gif )
606867

Not the beast.
Something else.

>>
No. 606868 ID: 9f37d6
File 141733784742.gif - (12.85KB , 701x683 , 668.gif )
606868

Nan freaks out at the gravity of the situation.

In a panic, she bolts back inside.
>>
No. 606869 ID: 9f37d6
File 141733787123.gif - (12.33KB , 701x683 , 669.gif )
606869

Henry stands in Nan's way, attempting to block her.
Nan tackles Henry.
>>
No. 606870 ID: e31d12

>>606869
First order of business...shut the door behind you, Nan!
>>
No. 606871 ID: 2ec61a

throw henry out there!
>>
No. 606878 ID: 4f63e2

>606868
Uhh, Nan. Your shadow is broken.
>>
No. 606879 ID: 86e91d

Demand answers
>>
No. 606880 ID: b7e22b

Nice addition to he head butting. now see if you cant find your friends and warn them of henry
>>
No. 606903 ID: 534cc4

Don't throw henry out, we need answers dammit.

I will say we might have a hard time fighting him though, so we might have to throw him out there as a last resort.
>>
No. 606909 ID: ad627d

>>606869
resume beating him up / interrogating him
>>
No. 606918 ID: 49ce39

He doesn't have the pipe anymore... Could he really not want to fight? Pin him down if you can (the tackle should enable that) and start interrogating. Ask him who or what he is, why he's been lying to you, what his motives are, and what's up with his room. I'd also like to know how he really got into the hotel.
>>
No. 606942 ID: 732ac6

Da fuck you mean "not the beast"? Is there a surplus of giant monsters roaming this goddamn building?

On further thought I believe the proper Beast may reside in the "present" courtyard of the hotel, while this not-Beast inhabits the Spanish mission courtyard. What either of them actually are remains to be seen.
>>
No. 606944 ID: b305dc

I agree with that other anon, whatever he is he might not want to kill us right now.

Attempt to pin him down and demand he explain himself
>>
No. 606950 ID: 1c2a1b

Sit on him! Sit on him and make him answer questions! Questions like who he really is, what his motives are, how he knew we went out the window, what that thing outside is, if he and the outside thing want us dead like the Pilgrim does, if he knows what the pilgrim is, etc. Also, shut the door at some point, that thing is scary!
>>
No. 606954 ID: c247da

Use yer phat ass and sit on em!!
Also close the doors.
>>
No. 607002 ID: db83ac

We don't know what that new giant guy/girl is outside. Does anyone have a nickname that we can give him/her?

Why don't we ask Henry?

WHILE WE THREATEN TO FEED HIM TO THE GIANT?
>>
No. 607016 ID: 6ccc9a

Now that we've tackled him we his guard is dropped!
I agree with everyone else, pin him down and start interrogating. Something wonky is going on.
>>
No. 607020 ID: ad559a

Um.. Something tells me that this probably won't be the same Henry we just met. The hotel does that, like what happened with Pablo and the painting room and with Kim in the furnace. I vote you at least keep him pinned for now. Regain your composure from that thing outside, then assault Henry with questions!
>>
No. 607046 ID: 0bc138

>>607002
the Night Man is a fitting name for that thing.
>>
No. 607073 ID: 97a8d5

>>606869
Henry, you dick!
Use your NAN-LY PHYSIQUE to hold him down and get some answers.
>>
No. 607074 ID: 535bfd

Is it just me, or has Henry not been aggressive? I'm a little suspicious.

It doesn't look like he has the crowbar anymore either. I think this might be the real deal this time. Nan, are you able to check his back at all? It looked like he had some sort of mark there. Unless that's me being silly and seeing things that aren't there, then I guess be assertive and question Henry!
>>
No. 607075 ID: 6e79d4

Don't strike him again yet. This might be the real Henry.
>>
No. 607079 ID: 2f2fc2

hit him in the junk...there is no real henry.....at least this way we'll know if he's human
>>
No. 607094 ID: f10b8e

hit him in the balls and then restraint him.
>>
No. 607095 ID: 6fd088

>>606869
Ask Henry why he's such a dick
>>
No. 607107 ID: 07a835

>>606869
>attempting to block her
He's still being a dick. Disarm him, get him into a submission hold, and ask him who he really is.
>>
No. 607120 ID: caad34

>>607107

Agreed, true Henry or not, he clearly attempted to intercept you. I say a mild punch to his temple to daze him and show him that "we" mean business. Hell, we can also knock his light out and tote him to the nearest room and tie him to a bed or chair with blankets and/or towels for better interrogation quality. That would be ideal but too many things can go wrong and there is a factor of time and injury that is nipping at our heels.
>>
No. 607121 ID: fe6f71

PICK HENRY UP WITH YOUR NANNY GOAT STRENGTH AND CHUCK HIM OUTSIDE! Ether the abomination(I am proud of myself for spelling that correctly) will be killed or Henry will be killed. Or they'll work together. Ether way, it'll give you a head start.
>>
No. 607122 ID: 5e2937

Beat his ass into submission and restrain him.
There will be plenty of time to interrogate him elsewhere.
>>
No. 607145 ID: dbd097

>Compare inventories with the gravity of the situation
>>
No. 607236 ID: c302b8

Now beat the FUCK out of the tigger!
Sugg 1: run past him and into the elevator
Sugg 2: run past him and up the stairs
sugg 3: BEAT MORE FUCK OUT OF HIM AND INTERROGATE THE SHIT HEAD
sugg 4: see if the jan's closet is unlocked and if not run to the right and head to room 114
>>
No. 607290 ID: 2073cc

Assuming you're finished headbutting, grab Henry by the neck by both your hands and choke him while he's stunned.

He's a threat, knock him out first, then worry about the present tense. Seriously, CHOKE HIM WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH in the weak point known as his neck until he is passed out. You have too much shit on your plate right now, and this mother fucker will only add more if he's awake/conscious.

One more time, it's time for Nan to choke a bitch. And she's named Henry, ya'll! :D
>>
No. 607343 ID: 4efe5a

I think you guys are being far too harsh on Henry. There might be a reasonable explanation for his actions.
>>
No. 607361 ID: 4153de

>>607355
If anything that picture implies that it's his evil mirror twin we ran into before
>>
No. 607414 ID: 899aca

Just tear into him with a torrent whats and fucks. Like, what the fuck Henry I thought you were cool. Why you gotta be messing around with my head and shit trying to be all weird when I just want to get out of this craphole. Don't tell me you don't want out. If you do, you're loonier than Santy. And I'm pretty sure he tried to rape us. HE'S PRETTY FUCKING LOONY, HENRY. Is this a thing, is this a thing where everyone we think is cool turns out to be completely fucking batshit and have like demons and shit. What's next. Is Kim gonna sprout an eye in the middle of her forehead. Do you know how fucked up that would be. DO YOU KNOW HOW FUCKED UP. Oh my god where's Kim.

BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF HIM WHILE DEMANDING ANSWERS.
KICK HIM IN THE DICK.
>>
No. 607420 ID: 0897f9

Beating up Henry, satisfying as it might be, is inadvisable - if only because of the HEADLIGHT-EYED TITAN outside.
>>
No. 607454 ID: 5f02d8

I am so sick of this vague creepy bullshit! Lock the door, get somewhere secure, and restrain Henry. THIS FUCKER IS GIVING US SOME ANSWERS.
>>
No. 607520 ID: 9582f4

Tackle Beast, Kiss Henry.
>>
No. 607618 ID: 9f37d6

>>607432
>>607355
I really don't know how many times this has to be repeated, but:
This thread is for direct suggestions.
Please keep larger discussion to the NanQuest discussion thread here: http://www.tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/4297.html

Please do not post images in the active quest thread. Put that in the discussion thread only.
>>
No. 607622 ID: 8c4822

Don't punch Henry; he's pinned down and offguard so take the opportunity to question him. He seemed pretty resigned and willing to have this conversation, and the lights are still on and the door opened of its own accord - I'm taking those as good signs!
Ask him who he really is, and how he knows what he knows; if the doors are still open, ask him what's out there. Aim to forgive, even if you have to be aggressive - he did protect us from Santiago, after all.
Don't attack him unless he comes for us, and even then try to stay defensive; be ready to bolt rather than attack.
>>
No. 607680 ID: 97a8d5

>>607622
Very much agree. Nan-ly physique to hold that sonofabitch down and get some answers, assuming the power doesn't conk out once we grab him.
>>
No. 607706 ID: eba6db

How did you know about my escape through the window?
Are you really as you say you are?
What are you hoping to accomplish?
Are you the hotel manager!?
WHEN DO I GET PAID FOR THIS STUPID JOB!?

If he isn't cooperating, just freak out and stomp his pretty face in. It'll make you feel better and if he loses teeth, you can start a collection and perhaps make necklace of teeth in the future.
>>
No. 607716 ID: 9f37d6
File 141751632517.gif - (10.19KB , 701x683 , 670.gif )
607716

Nan uses the opportunity to pin Henry.
She roughs him up a little and demands answers.

"All right! All right. I'll tell you everything."
>>
No. 607717 ID: 9f37d6
File 141751687276.gif - (14.04KB , 701x683 , 671.gif )
607717

Henry hits Nan with the taser.
>>
No. 607721 ID: e31d12

>>607717
Didn't the taser belong to Kim? Aw crap, that can't be good.
>>
No. 607722 ID: 35de0f

Well shit.

Jump backwards if possible. Pretty sure tazers disrupt muscular function, but stuff is weird here, and I'm not sure what else we would do.
>>
No. 607724 ID: fe6f71

HENRY!!!
>>
No. 607725 ID: 541906

Void your bladder!
>>
No. 607733 ID: 86e91d

If you still got functional muscles, get some breathing room
>>
No. 607735 ID: d3be40

Grab him, I don't think he can take it much more than you can! He's using electric attacks, make sure you ground yourself on his FACE!
>>
No. 607736 ID: e7db7e

Do your best to ask Henry why he's such an asshole
>>
No. 607737 ID: 0664f3

He's probably trying to "sell" us to the Hotel. Can we please stop trying to talk with hostile murderers? Please? Pretty Please?

Try to grip him so he gets stunned as well, then get away from him. If we have access to some blunt instrument, use it to bludgeon the bastard while he's down. If he recovers before we do, keep your distance and move away from the entrance.
>>
No. 607740 ID: 319fae

>>607721
Kim gave him the taser way back in chapter four, so this is just Chekhov's gun.

I think he's going to throw Nan back out the door, which is a significant enough event that I doubt people can change it. Try holding on to him so he gets pulled out too? Maybe he can appease the giant.
>>
No. 607744 ID: ad627d

>>607717
Fight through it Nan!
Who the hell does he think we are?
Less mercy more violence.
>>
No. 607746 ID: 7e2b38

guys, shes being electrocuted....she doesnt have control of herself

if she does regan any body functions shes At henrys mercy

all we can do is sit there and watch the cutscene
>>
No. 607751 ID: d5e4f8

Freak out at the electricity of the situation.
>>
No. 607752 ID: 7e2b38

>>607751
you mean she should find thbis situation shocking?
>>
No. 607764 ID: 9582f4

>>605586
>>607717
Oh shit whose shirt is he wearing? He ripped his up for bandages?
When you come to, ask this and >>607706
>>
No. 607765 ID: d8315e

>>607717
Nan: use henrey as a grounding wire
>>
No. 607776 ID: 3b5192

Nan: Black Out.
>>
No. 607782 ID: a552ec

From now on, we cannot trust Henry for anything. No more demanding answers, no more helping, just either kill him, maim him, or leave him behind. He is obviously a sneaky little bastard (more than what we thought), and we should avoid him or get rid of him. being around him is a danger to you and anyone else around you.


On a side note, he got in about when Nan did. Did he possibly meet someone or something to make him this sneaky and aggressive toward Nan?
>>
No. 607793 ID: ecbc19

How do we know Henry didn't just see her jump from the window in a vision, then freakout? How can we be sure he's a bad guy?
>>
No. 607808 ID: 1768c8

Anyone else notice the irony of our little electrician nanny goat being electrocuted?
>>
No. 607812 ID: d3be40

>>607808
Wow, good one!

Speaking of which, Nan might be able to use her electronics skill against the tazer. If she knows ANYTHING that we don't about how to subvert an electric attack, now's the time!
>>
No. 607838 ID: d77277

I'm willing to grant Henry a little leniency because we panicked and hit him first (and then threw a vase in his face). That only extends so far though; Nan, is there any way you can hurt him, even as you're getting tased? Can you chomp in him, or something? Or maybe scream and get some attention. Management, now would be a good time for some aid to manifest.
>>
No. 607840 ID: f10b8e

why isnt henry also being electrocuted?

told you guys we had to punch him in the balls. that would have left him unable to move and pull any shit like this.
>>
No. 607871 ID: 2073cc

Okay, Nan, forget everyone asking you to ask Henry questions as you are being ELECTROCUTED.

As an electrician, you've gotten immunity to this or not. If immune, punch Henry in the throat or temple, above his nose. He will suffer, then take the tazer, and use it back on him.

And if you're not immune, Weaver concludes the thread with your blackout. Da end.
>>
No. 607883 ID: 534cc4

New plan, we live through this, and we kill henry with all of our might. We don't throw him to the horrors people, ad he is one of them, we bash his skull open until he dies.
>>
No. 607890 ID: b175e9

drive your thumb into one of his eyes
that'll show the fucker
>>
No. 607897 ID: 0d2d03

I don't understand Henry right now. So DID he put future Kim in the furnace? Also why isn't he attacking Nan in a way that will actually HURT her, if that makes sense.

Not sure if Nan has any choice right now, but if she can, she should try to get that tazer away from Henry.
>>
No. 607924 ID: 2e2233

Nan; Shrug off electrocution like it was a mosquito bite, point at Henry: "I'll get you bitch."
>>
No. 607935 ID: 1fbb52

>>607924
I was trying to link that video in the discussion thread. Bless your beautiful soul.
>>
No. 607948 ID: 3009b4

Whatever motivations, I'm going to suggest Henry isn't trying to kill Nan directly. Nan's been doing all the violence up until this point. He's had plenty of opportunity to hurt Nan directly, especially when he saw she was already wounded and he's had the taser the whole time.

Since being an electrician does NOT make one immune to a freaking taser, stop being silly like Nan can just shrug it off. If we get an opportunity to be less rash in the future, let's take it.
>>
No. 607965 ID: 2f2fc2

>>607948
What do you mean firemen aren't flameproof?

anyways

we have to see what action herny takes now....since we know he's a spoopy monster guy and yet he used the taser and hasn't exploded in crazy on us
>>
No. 607971 ID: 1fbb52

>>607965
He could just be a fucking crazy sociopath, don't forget that possibility.
>>
No. 607992 ID: 9f37d6
File 141757905244.gif - (12.90KB , 701x683 , 672.gif )
607992

While Nan is incapacitated, Henry rolls out from underneath her and kicks her sharply in the side.
>>
No. 607994 ID: 9f37d6
File 141757919727.gif - (6.81KB , 701x683 , 673.gif )
607994

Everything goes dark.
>>
No. 607996 ID: 6cb462

GAME OVER
>>
No. 607997 ID: cb78a5

Start talking in your sleep and ask Henry why he's such a dick
>>
No. 607998 ID: dbd097

>Wake up
>>
No. 607999 ID: e31d12

>>607996
Not yet. Not like this.

Try to see or hear anything. Can Nan move at all? Can she speak?
>>
No. 608008 ID: 9f37d6
File 141758134505.gif - (6.34KB , 701x683 , 674.gif )
608008

Nan doesn't lose consciousness. She can feel her hands being bound behind her just as her motor functions return.

She feels herself being led along a short distance, stumbling. And then-
>>
No. 608010 ID: 9f37d6
File 141758136349.gif - (39.81KB , 701x683 , 675.gif )
608010

Henry removes the burlap sack from Nan's head.
>>
No. 608012 ID: 687279

>>608010
"Your room sucks."
>>
No. 608013 ID: e31d12

>>608010
Now Henry is naked? I think this guy is bananas.

So he's got Nan in his room. Ask him what he wants.
>>
No. 608014 ID: 9ddf68

"you need a new interior decorator"
>>
No. 608015 ID: 910333

>>608010
Is he naked? Did nan gain some weight?
>>
No. 608016 ID: dbd097

Thank goodness we're wearing overalls.

>How are we being detained right now?
>>
No. 608017 ID: 95a470

kick him in the ballz! they are the man's biggest design flaw!
>>
No. 608019 ID: d90668

Keep calm and survey your surroundings while testing your bonds.

Ask him whats going on and try to keep him talking as long as possible.

Will keep him distracted so you have a better chance to break free.
>>
No. 608021 ID: a2b630

Ohhhhhh, no. No, no, no, that's not good. Remember when another homicidal maniac tried to get someone naked? The fact Henry is naked isn't any good, especially since he assaulted us, tazed us, and in previous illusions of memory, also tried to kill us again. Not to mention the previously brought up reflection...

No, no, no, this isn't good at all. Whether it's the real Henry or his reflection, which it seems like his reflection, I wouldn't trust him at this point. While I try not to be impolite to those we come to trust, now is not a time for formality.

Kick him, and continue doing so while you try to untangle your hands. Possibly try the sharp edges of your hooves, if your hands are cloven in such a way. If not, just kick and curse.

Curse him to all hell. If he's naked, we don't need to know what he wants to know it's bad.
>>
No. 608024 ID: 8178e0

Nan: Prepare your anus.
>>
No. 608025 ID: c302b8

What can we do?! We're fucking STUCK!
>>
No. 608026 ID: d3be40

...Let me guess. Pablo is Henry's father.

And Henry's some kind of magical painting.

While he starts talking, start struggling against the ropes! Almost any knot can be wriggled out of, if you keep your arms in motion long enough!

I... don't think you can save Kim anymore. Make sure you still have your teeth.

Have you seen this room? In the dark -

wait, how the hell is this room still in the light?! This is NOT sane and yet light is pouring into the room! Is he performing ritual sacrifices to power up the light in this room?!

Would explain how the elevator and the safe room stayed bright for so long.

...Ah what the hell, at least Santiago is more honest about it. Yell for Santiago to kill Henry now.
>>
No. 608027 ID: e31d12

>>608025
Villain monologue time!

Honestly, I want to hear it. I want to know what the hell his deal really is.
>>
No. 608035 ID: ca118c

Check if your legs are stuck. If they are not, try to kick him when he comes close.

If they are stuck, try to stay calm and talk with him
>>
No. 608036 ID: b5b4e9

Even if Henry is naked, Nan is not. This is good. Bright side, woo...

Now, since we appear to be bound, I vote we keep Henry talking by any means necessary. Ask him questions, but don't interrupt him. That might make him angry, and even if he's not visibly armed, he's still dangerous. Keep wiggling around and see if you can free yourself. If you manage it, DON'T LET HENRY NOTICE.
>>
No. 608047 ID: a4941f

"why are you nekkid?"
>>
No. 608057 ID: 9f37d6
File 141759057551.gif - (39.49KB , 701x683 , 677.gif )
608057

The room is soaked in blood. Nan is bound with a bundle of rope behind her back. The rope appears anchored to two fixtures in the ceiling. Henry is naked.

Nan kicks at Henry, but she can't reach him.
"Ha! You think I haven't seen that one before?"
Nan demands answers.

"You sure do love to talk, don't you? No matter how much I try to tell you to shut up. Fine, then. But it won't help you any."
>>
No. 608061 ID: a19cd5

Jeez, henry.
>>
No. 608062 ID: 9f37d6
File 141759180927.gif - (40.00KB , 701x683 , 678.gif )
608062

"I told you once before about a memory I had. Really, it's all I have left.

I don't know how long I've been here. Months. It feels like forever. I was here before any of you.

That memory is all I have left.
A wife.
A daughter."
>>
No. 608063 ID: 9f37d6
File 141759195533.gif - (38.95KB , 701x683 , 679.gif )
608063

"I was here for only a week when I saw the first one die. Tempers were running high. People were hungry, scared. A fight broke out near the stairs, and one of them went down. Just an accident. But he was dead by the time he reached the bottom.

The lights flickered. Hummed.
The next day we found food.

That's how I knew what it wanted."
>>
No. 608064 ID: 534cc4

Try and wriggle your restraints, see any obvious weaknesses? Don't say anything, just listen for now.
>>
No. 608067 ID: a8e9ac

"So you just go along with what it wants? Like some puppet?"
>>
No. 608068 ID: 687279

>>608063
Tell him everyone here is guilty of something. Anderson killed his own son in a shootout. Anna killed a family by improperly installing an elevator. Santiago has done who knows what, Pablo left his suicidal roommate alone after an argument. Ask what he's done. Whose death was he responsible for?
>>
No. 608069 ID: 9f37d6
File 141759275289.gif - (39.82KB , 701x683 , 680.gif )
608069

Nan struggles while Henry is in the bathroom, but her bonds are tight.

Henry returns, carrying something.

"It's no use to resist. You know how powerful this place is. You can't fight it."
>>
No. 608070 ID: 3009b4

I think it's pretty clear whose deaths he's been responsible for.

Try to jump; I'm not sure how those restraints work but they might not work with different leverage.
>>
No. 608071 ID: 2ec61a

do a sick backflip and get the wires in front of you.
>>
No. 608072 ID: 9f37d6
File 141759282304.gif - (15.27KB , 701x683 , 681.gif )
608072

"I'm not a monster. I didn't enjoy doing what I've done.

But this place demanded blood.

I just wanted my family back. To know that they're all right. To see my daughter again. To hold my wife."
>>
No. 608073 ID: 9f37d6
File 141759285018.gif - (22.31KB , 701x683 , 682.gif )
608073

"I'd kill for that."
>>
No. 608075 ID: b00646

demand to know what he did to his wife and child
>>
No. 608076 ID: 534cc4

Do you think your family would accept you and love you knowing the countless lives you took? Or if you ever get out do you plan to lie to them?
>>
No. 608077 ID: 687279

>>608073
Tell him about the vision where he held his own children hostage.
>>
No. 608078 ID: e31d12

>>608073
Damn you Henry...

You think you can just kill your way out of here?
>>
No. 608080 ID: 534cc4

>>608077
That was someone else.
>>
No. 608081 ID: 687279

>>608080
Oh, so it was. ...the only visions we've had related to Henry involve being in a relationship with him.

>>608073
Tell him that this is not what the hotel wants. You're supposed to kill someone, not be killed.
>>
No. 608082 ID: 3009b4

Ask him what his wife looked like. Can he even remember?
>>
No. 608084 ID: 2e2233

Son of a bitch. If only Scooby Doo and the gang were here, they could have nipped this one in the bud before we got driven so far up shit creek with no paddle.

Best thing I can think to do now is to probe him about his family. Ask how much they remember. If we can dredge up enough emotion in him, perhaps we can guilt-trip him. A sort of "is this what they would want?" thing, perhaps.
>>
No. 608088 ID: d3be40

...There's more than one Pilgrim, isn't there.

Henry might be the latest in the line of Pilgrims "hired" by the hotel. Anyways, it's official: he's The Sellout. Backstabbed his fellow survivors to keep living.

So. Now we get it. Blood sacrifices, and in exchange, the survivors get supplies and shelter. All those people who died in that fire - that was the initial sacrifice. It was meant to do something.

The sins. What if it's symbolic? Sins of a black heart - not unburnable. The opposite. Charcoal. Charcoal to light up the hotel, force all those ghosts out.

It's cleaning house.

The hotel is stained by the souls that haunt it and it wants them gone, packed up, stop staying here if you don't pay the rent.

The hotel's trying to live, same as the survivors. Only it doesn't care about the survivors, does it.

But this is a good thing, Nan.

YOU ARE A @#$%ING ELECTRICIAN.

Your goal is simple: make the ghosts leave, clean the mansion, get paid. How? Simple. Fix the wiring and light up every last room in the hotel. That should get rid of every last ghost. It's going to be the biggest job you've ever done, but you heard Lightbringer: BE THOROUGH. Maybe he's the sacrifice you need to get the right tools and materials for the job.

Hopefully you can do this without blowing up the world. Good luck!
>>
No. 608093 ID: 1fbb52

>>608088
Holy shit, every post you make is a wall of assumptions. Slow the fuck down.
Henry is hoping that if he kills enough people, the Hotel will let him go, or that he can somehow outlast it. He wants to get out like everyone else, but he's an absolute nutter.
The first idea that pops into your head is not absolute truth. This would make a good THEORY, but I'm not sure how well it holds up.
>>
No. 608094 ID: e7db7e

Start laughing manically.

Ask Henry is he's sure he's been here longer than you. Ask him if he's sure he knows this hotel better than. Give him crazy eyes.

Basically, just try to confuse him and stall for time. If you laugh loud enough then it might attract the attention of Anderson, Santiago or somebody else.
Also, if it looks like he doesn't actually know much about how the hotel functions, then we might be able to bluff our way out of this.
>>
No. 608096 ID: f4f6ba

Start with some obvious questions. Did he kill Anna? Does he know what was up with Furnace!Kim? Has he ever let the taser out of his sight?

We need confirmation and time. Don't ask him what he plans to do with us, because that's like skipping to the end of a dialogue tree.
>>
No. 608097 ID: 384c44

Stall like crazy. Tell stories, tell him about your visions, ask questions. Ask how long this whole thing has been going on. Ask how many people has he killed. Ask what his relationship with Kim is. Ask whether he really is the Pilgrim. If so, ask where he got the mask, how he survived a rebar sword to the face, why he hasn't already killed Nan when he had the chance, and how he managed to escape from Anderson and Pablo and reach the second floor before Nan did.
>>
No. 608098 ID: 0897f9

Tell Henry about the original pilgrim, Lorenzo; How the padre strung him along, never freeing him from his duties despite the attractive promises he made! Assure Henry that if the padre is running the show, no matter how hopeless it seems - fighting the hotel is the only thing we can do - doing the hotel's bidding, no matter what he gets in return, is sure to benefit the hotel more than it does Henry.
>>
No. 608109 ID: 86e91d

Ask about Kim, about the others
>>
No. 608115 ID: eda9d1

...Wait. What if his wife and daughter are fabrications of the hotel? We know it can mess with peoples' memories, and Nan in particular has had false(?) memories involving a relationship with Henry.

I doubt Henry would take this theory well though, so maybe Nan should keep it to herself.
>>
No. 608121 ID: ad627d

>>608073
So what we mean nothing to you? We're just some food?
We're just another notch on you belt?
What about our anniversary?
Did that mean anything to you at all?
Have you even told us your real name?
Have you just lied to us this whole time?
Why did you save us from Santiago if this is what you wanted all along?
What did you do to Pablo, Anderson, and Kim?!
Go crazy, get hysterical.
Try to break free of our bonds.
>>
No. 608123 ID: e31d12

Why would the hotel ever set him free if he's so good at killing people for it? You don't just let a valuable asset literally walk out the door. He's played everyone for fools, but the hotel is playing him. Instead of either dying or trying to work with the others to find a way out, he's created his own personal limbo.

I guess Nan should ask him about Anna, and whether he killed anyone else that Nan has met during her time here. Ask him what good it's done him.
>>
No. 608126 ID: a2b630

You have to tell him that no, no that's not what the hotel wants at all.

What the Hotel wants is Justice. Not Sacrifice. Not Blood. It's had enough blood already.

Tell him about the article. About the burnt souls, and the letter. Tell him they all have something they came looking for. They all wanted to go home. Anderson has a son, but she saw a vision where that son died. She had a vision where she was Henry's wife, where he was abusing them, where she had to strangle him to keep him from hurting anyone else...

They all came for a reason. But that is not a reason the Hotel cares for.

The hotel isn't negotiable. It doesn't sate itself on sacrifice. It doesn't sate itself on blood. And it won't bring his wife and daughter back. If anything, they're already long gone.

It keeps you all here for other reasons. And spilling just as much blood as what cursed it, is not one of them.

And it certainly isn't for more sacrifice.

---

Also, Nan, remember other things when speaking with him. If he's really been The Pilgrim from the get go, consider what else came later.

Before and After the Pilgrim came certain things. Beasts, for example. Priests, for another. But maybe they do want blood. Maybe it's just not yours...

Another hooded horned one brought all the churchgoers to their knees. Another horned hooded one is trying to spill that blood again.

Try to consider benefits and consequences to leaving Henry to the Beast next time. And maybe next time, try to talk to Father Velasco instead of the one you thought was someone else.

The Father left you his bible for a reason. Maybe he'll be more reasonable, should Henry fall flat.

And remember, should you break free, should you run, you need to head for the furnace...
>>
No. 608128 ID: 0ce41b

Hmm more blood popped up the moment he put that mask on. He didn't even have to actually shed someone's blood for more to pop up.
>>
No. 608130 ID: d3be40

>>608093
Yeah, I know. I'm just trying to come up with ideas. The more we can analyze the hotel, the less advantage it holds.

Nan, ask Henry what "NOW DIE, AND RELEASE ME" means.
>>
No. 608131 ID: bdd703

>>608073
Ask him if he really believes that becoming part of this awful hotel will help him leave?
Because it sounds more like he is being consumed by it.
>>
No. 608135 ID: 4dfbf1

>>608130 making assumptions based off of absolutely nothing doesn't give us an "advantage".
Ask what he remembers of his wife and child.
>>
No. 608137 ID: f10b8e

a new blood splatter appeared after henry putted the mask on. does that means he yanked that thing to his face?

tell henry he has a micro-penis.
>>
No. 608148 ID: 0ce41b

Kinda seems like it's the wrong angle for it to be from him pulling the mask on but maybe ...
>>
No. 608162 ID: 3af16b

>>608073

Ask Henry if Anderson, Pablo or Kim are okay.
>>
No. 608164 ID: c47180

>>608073
Why dont we ask henrey some questions about his family so that we can find out how old his wife is, how old his kids are and then we could possible tell him that we have had contact with his family.
What is needed for henry is hope. He has been here for months without contact with his family and if we can tell him that we have actually been in contact with one of his family members or just tell him a vague white lie inorder to get him to see us as asset/information on his family
>>
No. 608176 ID: 9582f4

>>608164
I agree. Stall him with happy questions. Ask to see a mirror to know if he's real henry or mirror henry
>>
No. 608184 ID: 6ccc9a

Stall with questions about his family or maybe trying to convince him that they should work together and that's really the only way they can escape.
Look for anything you can use against him. Gain his trust. Maybe if you lure him close enough to you you can knock him out or attack him.

I dunno haha. JUST DON'T DIE.
>>
No. 608185 ID: 9f37d6
File 141763320469.gif - (39.07KB , 701x683 , 683.gif )
608185

Nan demands answers. She asks about the others.

"Yes, I killed Anna. She was in the way -- and more blood for the sacrifice. Besides, you heard her. She wanted to die. I'm sure she welcomed the release"

"As for the others, don't worry. I left them in the lounge. But that damn fool Anderson managed to catch a ricochet, I think."
>>
No. 608186 ID: 9f37d6
File 141763348942.gif - (11.64KB , 701x683 , 684.gif )
608186

And suddenly it dawns on Nan
Back at the Lounge

Kim wasn't saying "Hurry".

She was saying "Henry".
>>
No. 608189 ID: 92817b

Mien gott
>>
No. 608191 ID: 92817b

Fuck my fingers are not as accurate like before.
>>
No. 608195 ID: 86e91d

Since we are helpless, tell him how futile his actions are; he's merely prolonging his stay at the hotel at the stake of others. Not only he will never see his family again, but now he's doomed beyond reprieve for his actions. And it's all for his own fault.


Or you could hope your pendant does shit.
>>
No. 608197 ID: fd70a3

Shit, try yelling loudly while asking him questions? Maybe you'll luck out and get someone else to hear you. Because you're kind of fucked right now.
>>
No. 608198 ID: 9f37d6
File 141763546665.gif - (38.53KB , 701x683 , 685.gif )
608198

Nan tells Henry he is making a big mistake. This isn't the way to freedom. He has to fight.

"I know better than you. I know you can't fight this place. And I know what it wants.

At first, I thought it was simple. I thought if I was the last one alive, I'd get to go free. Like it was a test.

But then I was the last one.
And more kept coming."
>>
No. 608199 ID: a2b630

Hang on, Nan.

That skull looks unscathed.


When we injured The Pilgrim, we practically impaled his skull with the crowbar we threw. Remember how it left scars?

That skull is fresh. There's no scar. And we haven't left any damage on Henry for practically impaling him, if that was him.

So either he's too far bound to The Hotel to be saved...

Or he's playing a role that isn't his. He might not be the real Pilgrim.

Either way, don't trust him. Try to follow your nose on this.

You're a good girl, child. Your instincts have brought you this far. Do what you have to do, but you have to get back to the others with this information, and fast.

Henry is no longer part of the circle of friends you're trying to save.
>>
No. 608200 ID: fe6f71

KIM IS ALIVE! A-hem... Nan, your feet are not chained down, correct? And the rope is anchored to the ceiling. You might be able to do one of those cool spinning things that people do in the movies. Or at least kick him where the sun don't shine. The broken mirror is also nearby, maybe you can cut the ropes on it if you can reach it. Or you can somehow trick Henry into running into the mirror.
>>
No. 608202 ID: 9f37d6
File 141763586625.gif - (18.01KB , 701x683 , 686.gif )
608202

Nan asks about the incident with the rebar sword.

"Oh yes. Quite fortunate, that. Got stuck in the skull. Didn't so much as graze me.
Isn't that funny? Most people don't really fight back. That's -- that's why the whole getup, really. Sure seemed to scare you."
>>
No. 608205 ID: 388ccd

>>608186

Bleat like a goat and shit yourself.
>>
No. 608206 ID: a2b630

... Alright, scratch that, he might very well be the Pilgrim. But the Hotel is on nobody's side. The blood may temporarily sate it, but you know it won't satisfy it.

If anything, he's made it worse drawing it out this long. The longer he feeds The Hotel, the longer he's away from his Wife and Daughter. If he's been gone too long...

I don't know how flexible you are, or how terribly painful it would be to attempt acrobatics the way you're bound. But if you could step back, bring your wrists to the broken mirror, you could cut the rope there...

Or if acrobatics could indeed work, once he gets the knife out is an opportunity. If he comes closer, try to back away. Against the wall. Against the broken mirror.

Slit wrists might be a painful risk to take, but if that broken mirror could cut the rope...
>>
No. 608207 ID: 388ccd

Tell Henry he looks like Lorenzo.
>>
No. 608208 ID: 86e91d

Sure that outfit is more meaningful than just for spooking people out, ask him if he knows he's being played on a scheme he doesn't even know.

(That's a torn painting, I'm sure)
>>
No. 608209 ID: 3009b4

Ask if Anderson is in on it.
>>
No. 608212 ID: fe6f71

Buy some time. Ask him about Lorenzo.
>>
No. 608214 ID: dbd097

So this means at least Pablo and Anderson probably aren't dead.

>Tell Henry you can save him. Tell him the Hotel told you about your role as the lightbringer.
>>
No. 608217 ID: 9f37d6
File 141763750137.gif - (38.00KB , 701x683 , 687.gif )
608217

Nan struggles further, but the bonds are fasted too high behind her for any kind of acrobatics Nan's capable of. As for the broken mirror, it's in the bathroom, well out of reach.

Nan has to keep him talking. She tells Henry he's wrong. She starts talking about the Lightbringer, and how Lorenzo was --

Henry loses his composure.
"Oh don't fucking give me that! You've been talking to that lunatic Santiago, is that it? You think he knows what he's talking about?! Ancient Indians and lighthouses and sea monsters and whatever else, that bullshit? He doesn't fucking know anything! I've been here longer than he has!

I found the Padre's Bible once, did you know that? All that writing about sacrifice. That's when I finally figured it out. Exactly what it wanted."
>>
No. 608218 ID: dbd097

>"WITH GLORIOUS WINGS I AM REBORN"
>>
No. 608219 ID: 0ce41b

weren't we there when he found that book?
>>
No. 608222 ID: 9f37d6
File 141763798256.gif - (16.10KB , 701x683 , 688.gif )
608222

"When I killed that kid, Alan, something happened.
He was bleeding, screaming.
He cried, did you know? He was supposed to be some outlaw and when he died, he was sobbing like a child.

And he said something.
He said his dad was a lawman. He was looking for him.
He said he'd find me. I didn't think anything of it.

But then a few days later, who should show up in the hotel but the old man himself.
That was the final piece of the puzzle."
>>
No. 608223 ID: 86e91d

>sea monsters
..Cjopaze ?

Let him go on, buy some more time
>>
No. 608224 ID: 388ccd

>>608217
"If you kill me, you'll never find a way out of this hellhole. You will never be able to see your family again if we can't all work together, is that what you want?!"
>>
No. 608225 ID: 3009b4

Ask about his wife's name -- was it Aniese?

Also ask about the pendant if it means anything to him. You're wearing it, right? Tell him to take a look at it.
>>
No. 608226 ID: c247da

Show him the pendant,and show him that burnt paper! Tell him you know of a way out of here!
>>
No. 608229 ID: 9f37d6
File 141763856946.gif - (17.55KB , 701x683 , 689.gif )
608229

"See, that's why I couldn't leave, even for all the blood I'd spilled. Everyone who came here was tainted. And the blood sacrifice, it needed to be pure."
>>
No. 608230 ID: 9f37d6
File 141763863149.gif - (14.36KB , 701x683 , 690.gif )
608230

"Why are you here, Nan? In this hotel.

Why do you think I brought you here in the first place?"
>>
No. 608231 ID: a2b630

Oh no.
>>
No. 608233 ID: 9ddf68

a faulty outlet
>>
No. 608235 ID: a2b630

Ohhhhhh no...

OK, I think we've heard plenty, don't you? Absolutely! We have absolutely learned plenty, there is absolutely nothing else he wants with you other than to sacrifice you, child, because he is every bit the loonie!

He's ...

Hang on.

Hang on, there's something behind him.
>>
No. 608237 ID: 2e2233

If we manage to get him riled enough that he tries something within kicking distance I say we break his balls. I wouldn't seek to rile him up on purpose though. I sure didn't see him pick up a knife, but best not to take chances.

Also, what do you think would happen if Nan just lifted her feet or tried to swing? Would the rope, or the ceiling fixtures be strong enough to support her? Even if they don't break, maybe we could swing around like an angry battering ram to keep him away.
>>
No. 608238 ID: a2b630

Oh god. I think I know what that is.
>>
No. 608239 ID: 3009b4

OK -
1. Nan isn't pure, she's lazy and her only special skill is singing showtunes, which immediately disqualifies her purity.

2. How the hell did Henry manage an outside communication?
>>
No. 608240 ID: a2b630

The hotel may not take sides, but it seems to be picking one now... Yours!

Don't warn Henry! Whatever you do, don't warn him about the -
>>
No. 608241 ID: a2b630

Uhhhhhhhh, Henry? I think you've just pissed off something. It's not Nan that's mad now.
>>
No. 608242 ID: a2b630

ello beastie
>>
No. 608244 ID: 86e91d

So it was you, why?
>>
No. 608246 ID: c47180

>>608230
What he is asking for is the impossible no one is pure, everyone has done something wrong, please inform him of a job you fucked up nan or anything you have done wrong in life
>>
No. 608247 ID: 3009b4

>OK, I think we've heard plenty, don't you?

No, we haven't. He's got lots more information and if something horrible is about to eat him we need to know as much as possible before it does.
>>
No. 608248 ID: 9f37d6
File 141763952208.gif - (27.97KB , 701x683 , 692.gif )
608248

Nan struggles further, attempting to buy more time. She raises her voice, hoping someone will hear her.
She asks how Henry managed outside communication.

"Alan cries out in his dying breath for his father and the Marshall shows up in days.

I've tried so many times to write letters to escape, to reach my family. But I write one letter asking for a handyman, and here you are.
This place doesn't want anyone getting out, but it's more than willing to let me bring more people in.

You're nothing, Nan. You're not special. This place didn't choose you. I did. You're nobody.
That's why you're special.

And when I sacrifice you to the Padre, I'll be free.
You're going to die. And you're going to release me."
>>
No. 608250 ID: c76c67

Headbutt! Jab his fucking eye out with your horn.
>>
No. 608254 ID: 3009b4

Did it ever occur to him to order a pizza for delivery? Seriously, he could get food and victims at the same time. Just saying.

What makes him think the Hotel will release Nan? It seems to like *impure* sacrifices since that's all it seems to summon on its own.
>>
No. 608255 ID: a2b630

The reason his letters won't buy a response is because, not only is HE not dead, but his family may already be dead without him. He's only made himself special because he took up a satanic suit and decided to feed a bunch of demons!

You've heard enough out of him! Kick him, headbutt him, do whatever you can, but something is getting in the room, and you don't have time!
>>
No. 608256 ID: c247da

Kick him in the balls! Spit in his face! Scream at the top of your lungs!
STRUGGLE
>>
No. 608257 ID: 86e91d

If he can't be reasoned with and is he's going for the kill, fight back as a last ditch effort
>>
No. 608258 ID: a2b630

He has no more information for us now.

She IS special, but he doesn't know that. The Hotel does, though.

Struggle, kick, shout, headbutt, do whatever you have to, but something else is in on his little parade. Let him meet his so-called " salvation " on his own.

The Thunder isn't meant for You.
>>
No. 608259 ID: a8adaf

>>608248
Curse him.

Tell him that he may kill you but it's not going to work either. There's nothing he can do to get out. He can only taint his soul further.

Don't go gentle into the night.
>>
No. 608261 ID: a2b630

iiiiiiis nobody questioning why the room is going black?because normally, that means something very big,very black,and very hotelbased and nasty is near

i think were in troublllllllllle
>>
No. 608262 ID: a8adaf

>>608261
We can't get in much more trouble than we're in now.

It's Henry who is in trouble. Point this out.

Tell him that if he doesn't want to die, he will let us go NOW.
>>
No. 608264 ID: 3009b4

Also if you're going to fight, bite his fingers since he's so helpfully putting his hand near your face.
>>
No. 608265 ID: dbd097

>Explain that you're not pure
>Tell him how much sex you've had
>>
No. 608269 ID: 63348a

anderson saw alan when he was alive, didn't he?

what about santiago? did he know? hasn't he been here for a while?
any reason he was spared for longer?
>>
No. 608270 ID: ae0abd

>>608248
didn't you broke your husband head with an axe handle?
>>
No. 608271 ID: f10b8e

wow gee thanks for opening that old wound with annas death :C

ask him about how he plans to escape.
>>
No. 608272 ID: c47180

We are in arms length of him GO FOR THE NUTS NAN
>>
No. 608273 ID: 3009b4

By the way, ANANZI - an old word meaning "Enemy". Nan is not ANANZI -- the enemy. That might mean the Hotel doesn't consider her an enemy. It might very well only want guilty parties.

Remind Henry that the Hotel may react very poorly to his choice of victim, and the darkness closing in might be coming for him instead.
>>
No. 608274 ID: f10b8e

and ask why the fuck theres so much blood in here.
>>
No. 608275 ID: 687279

>>608248
Tell him that nobody that gets summoned by this place is pure. He could've gotten any electrician throughout time. He got you, why does he think that happened? You're responsible for someone's death.
>>
No. 608276 ID: c3ffdd

Plan A: Laugh at him. Curse him. Tell how wrong he was to think you were anything beyond another random schmuck dragged into all of this.

Plan B: I hope you took a deep breath before he started trying to smother you. Can you fight the pillow, maybe by biting into it and yanking in some direction?

Regardless of which you go with: don't tell him about the blackness creeping in.
>>
No. 608278 ID: f70457

I think that evil reflection from way back when might've been the hotel trying to warn us that Henry is evil by showing us how the hotel sees him. At this point pray for Deus Ex Machina and wait until he draws the knife, then kick furiously at him.
>>
No. 608283 ID: 3009b4

>At this point pray for Deus Ex Machina

Actually Henry already stated that he's going to let the Padre kill Nan, which might just backfire horribly.
>>
No. 608286 ID: f70457

>let the Padre kill Nan

Not exactly the same thing as performing a ritual sacrifice. Usually involves him killing Nan for the Padre.
>>
No. 608288 ID: 2e2233

Pull up your feet, put your weight on the ropes/ceiling rope bindy things. Kick him with both feet while you're at it.
>>
No. 608289 ID: d3be40

He thinks you're pure?!

LOL LOL LOL LOL

Pure doesn't involve violence, the willingness to murder.

Pure doesn't involve running away OR fighting when negotiation is an option.

PURE DOES NOT INVOLVE DOING A CRAP JURY-RIGGING ON A PROFESSIONAL'S WORK, NEVER ACQUIRING HELP TO FIX THAT EXCUSE OF A CRAP JOB OUT OF PRIDE, AND LEAVING AN ENTIRE CLUB TO BURN TO DEATH.

AND PURE DEFINITELY DOES NOT INVOLVE MURDERING YOUR OWN DAUGHTER.

Headbutt
>>
No. 608296 ID: a2b630

I think back to the bible, and now that I think about it, Henry having found it before makes sense.

We read about the documenting of Father Velasco's downfall in sanity until the last pages, but then there's a lot of text, and Nan finds something new. Henry knew Nan would find the journal. So maybe he left a message for intimidation tactic.

Either way, let the beast eat him.
>>
No. 608297 ID: ce7d0d

Ok i think i know how to get out of this situation.
If we remember what was said to us, the hotel will always try to defend itself and stop people from leaving, and should a person be close to discovering an exit or a way to defeat it, it will send out the darkness to stop him/her,kind of like when nan threw the lamp then got teleported back to her room or when the mysteriously lit room (sunset room if i remember correctly) that sandiago was in ended up turning off right after nan was asking how to safely roam trough the darkness.
Its clear that the hotel dislikes people that start snooping around or damaging it,people who it considers to be potential threats, which is why , we're gonna trick it, we will outsmart whatever higher entity is using us as playthings...
How you ask?
We bluff, and use the darkness as a way of escape.
So here's what we're gonna do, tell henry that you've figured out how to get out of the hotel , and that he plays a vital role to that, try telling him that you figured it out from the visions that you've had, im sure that at this point he might as well humor you and listen on, try stalling, making a build up the answer, and then....
Well we can hope that at this point the hotel panics and separates the 2 of them so that she doesn't tell him, but should that not work tell him that the answer is to start a fire in the hotel lobby.
Best case scenario that is the answer and the fire somehow breaks the barrier between the hotel and the real world, worst case scenario?
The fire spreads and burns everybody alive.
But before you place this plan into action try to divulge as much information as you can from henry.
Like one of the things he said doesn't add up, if he was at one point the only one left, then what about the padre? Doesn't that mean he wasn't actually the last person standing? Or is the padre also someone in disguise who came later on? And ask him whats with the tower at the last floor.
>>
No. 608301 ID: e31d12

>>608248
Darkness is closing in...

Henry left the door to the courtyard open, didn't he?

Oops.
>>
No. 608302 ID: a2b630

Father Velasco was also mentioned in the newspaper article with the burned victims. If anything, he's trapped with the rest of them. He's nothing like Henry.

But now we have two folks not to trust. Henry and Santiago. Distract him however you must, be it physically or with word, but you can't let him notice the growing shadow, and you can't let Henry do any more damage.

You musn't. Not anymore.
>>
No. 608308 ID: 9f37d6
File 141764470480.gif - (15.41KB , 701x683 , 693.gif )
608308

Nan tries again to bring up the Padre, the Mission, the Beast. But Henry puts his hand tightly against her face.

"I've indulged you long enough. Now, no more questions. No more talk. You have to die.
You have to release me."
>>
No. 608309 ID: 9f37d6
File 141764473478.gif - (18.40KB , 701x683 , 694.gif )
608309

Nan bites and kicks when Henry gets in close, and he reels back in pain, cursing.
>>
No. 608310 ID: 2ec61a

do a sweet backflip kick to his face.
>>
No. 608311 ID: 6e79d4

Get the knife, or kick it away if you can't.
>>
No. 608312 ID: 0897f9

He's close again! Kick him in the stomach!
>>
No. 608313 ID: f10b8e

strangle him with your legs!
>>
No. 608314 ID: 9f37d6
File 141764553891.gif - (13.86KB , 701x683 , 695.gif )
608314

Nan kicks the knife away and Henry scrambles over to pick it up.

That seems to have made him mad.
"Listen! Let's get one thing straight right now!
You can't beat me! I'm stronger than you, and I've been doing this for months. I can handle myself in a fight. You can't.
Only one person is making it out of this hotel, and it might as well be me!"
>>
No. 608315 ID: 9f37d6
File 141764562341.gif - (13.68KB , 701x683 , 696.gif )
608315

knock knock knock
>>
No. 608316 ID: 1fbb52

>>608315
Oh boy, this is gonna seem like an awkward situation.
>>
No. 608317 ID: f10b8e

4 more panels til 1000!
>>
No. 608318 ID: c47180

>>608309
Raise you leg and hit henry on the back of his head so hes below you then proceed to stomp on his head.
Also scream really fucking loud during this as to 1. Confuse and disorient henry and 2. Attract help
>>
No. 608319 ID: dbd097

Henry was adorbs in his little rant there
>>
No. 608320 ID: 1fbb52

>>608317
Uh, don't you mean 700?
>>
No. 608321 ID: a2b630

Oh no.

Who would be polite enough to knock in on a screaming murder? Savior, perhaps?
>>
No. 608322 ID: c47180

use the restraints to hoist your self up a bit then kick the knife outta his hands while he is distacted
>>
No. 608323 ID: 9f37d6
File 141764594113.gif - (5.23KB , 701x683 , 697.gif )
608323

"Henry! Open this door!"
>>
No. 608324 ID: c47180

Wait what? Is that his mother at the door? Whoever it is yell at them to come in!
>>
No. 608325 ID: 9f37d6

>>608322
>>608310
>>608288
As I've said already, Nan can't do backflips/acrobatics or anything like that. The bonds are firmly behind her and she does not have the ability to perform such maneuvers.
Even in the best case scenario she would probably break her wrists or dislocate her shoulder.

It's not as though I didn't hear you the first time, and you just need to say it again and it'll work this time. Please stop repeating it.
>>
No. 608326 ID: 687279

>>608323
GET IN HERE HE'S TRYING TO MURDER ME!
>>
No. 608327 ID: 59e07c

No time for pride, we're totally helpless in here. Nan needs to yell for help and make the situation very clear, while also being wary of Henry's attempts to shut her up. Looks like the Hotel sent a survivor instead of a monster to deal with this problem. Probably Kim.
>>
No. 608328 ID: 9f37d6
File 141764636751.gif - (14.42KB , 701x683 , 698.gif )
608328

Henry freezes for a moment.
Nan screams.

Henry frantically rushes up to Nan, clamping the thick fabric of the robe over her mouth, to avoid another bite. But Nan's already made herself known.

"This-- it's not a good time." Henry responds. "I'm busy right now. Come back later."
"Open this door, damn you! I know she's in there!"
>>
No. 608329 ID: ca118c

Open the door
Get on the floor
Everybody walk the dinasaur
>>
No. 608330 ID: f10b8e

>>608320
ugh. fuck i cant count. well, we are slowly creeping our way to 777, the number of heaven.
>>
No. 608332 ID: f10b8e

i swear to god if that is santiago...
>>
No. 608333 ID: ccea58

Ask the people at the door to politely leave.
>>
No. 608334 ID: a2b630

Kick him again! And continue kicking him until the cloth is free of you, and insist that Henry's trying to kill you! He's the Pilgrim!

... If they weren't already aware, whoever is at the door.
>>
No. 608336 ID: ce7d0d

wait what happened to the blood?
also let out a huge fart to make your presence even more known!
>>
No. 608338 ID: c47180

Stomp out s.o.s
>>
No. 608340 ID: 0897f9

Bite the hand and don't let go! He doesn't want me screaming? Fine. He'll do it for me.
>>
No. 608341 ID: f10b8e

see if you can use henrys knife to cut the rope.
>>
No. 608342 ID: 86e91d

Yell to get the door open
>>
No. 608343 ID: c47180

Also attempt to bite through the frabric or rip it off, and dont forget to go for the nuts again.god when will henry smarten up
>>
No. 608344 ID: 2e2233

Nan: stand on his foot, crush it until he screams- or is at least in too much pain to bullshit his way out of this.
>>
No. 608345 ID: 86e91d

>>608342
**Stomp him and THEN yell, hah
>>
No. 608348 ID: 3009b4

Chew the rope. Goats have good, strong teeth and they can eat stuff nobody else can.
>>
No. 608349 ID: c247da

Fart loudly
>>
No. 608350 ID: f10b8e

do we really have to yell? the person behind the door already knows we are in here.
>>
No. 608351 ID: f10b8e

hey, what if thats kim? maybe the reason that she screamed 'henry' before was because he was in trouble.
>>
No. 608353 ID: a8adaf

Stomp his foot.
>>
No. 608354 ID: 534cc4

Shit I don't care who it is, Anderson, Kim, Santiago, light bringer, just stomp his foot and kick him away! You can do this, you can escape! SURVIVE!
>>
No. 608358 ID: 9f37d6
File 141764774883.gif - (14.45KB , 701x683 , 699.gif )
608358

Nan attempts to stomp Henry's foot, but it seems he's learned his lesson and easily moves out of the way. He shoots Nan an angry glare.

"All right, one second."
Henry opens the door.
>>
No. 608359 ID: 9f37d6
File 141764780840.gif - (8.76KB , 701x683 , 700.gif )
608359

"I know you weren't planning on killing her without letting me see her first."
>>
No. 608360 ID: 1fbb52

>>608359
Well, fuck.
>>
No. 608361 ID: 687279

"He was about to stab me, actually."
>>
No. 608363 ID: c247da

SCREAM
TELL WHOEVER TO LOOK OUT
Fuck henry and his opinions.
>>
No. 608364 ID: 86e91d

haha what
listen to what he's got to say
>>
No. 608365 ID: dbd097

Santi'd better be about to save our collective ass. He knows we're the lightbringer.
>>
No. 608367 ID: 534cc4

I take back what I said. I would much rather have seen Anderson. In any case this is still an opening.
>>
No. 608368 ID: fe6f71

WEAVER YOU HAVE UNLEASHED THE FLOOD GATES OF SHIPPING WITH ALL THE SHIRTLESS CHARACTERS!!!
>>
No. 608369 ID: d3be40

Cute, they're working together. Sort of.

Makes sense. They've both learned how to survive the hotel. Found tricks that allow them to feign ignorance or wounds. Henry is probably using Santiago, and Santiago likely doesn't give a @#$% about other people anymore.

Whatever. Find a way to escape while these two lovebirds bicker.
>>
No. 608370 ID: 534cc4

Oh hey Santiago. I was just hanging here talking with henry about the hotel, he seems to think your a lunatic who doesn't know shit. Why is that?
>>
No. 608372 ID: f10b8e

>>608332
FFFFFFFFFF-
>>
No. 608374 ID: 3009b4

I prefer Santiago to Henry. At least he's an honest lunatic.
>>
No. 608378 ID: 2e2233

They seem rather cordial considering all that shit Henry was talking about Santy a minute ago. Ask what Santy has staked in this. Surely, he can't be out to escape his "perfect freedom".
>>
No. 608380 ID: bdd703

DO NOT ASK FOR HELP!
Instead, bite your tongue and watch how they interact. Henry (and the others) are all scared of Santiago, but he hasn't actually ever harmed (or even threatened to harm, I think) us.
He's weird and crazy and an awful person, but I don't think he's a murderer. So let him talk to Henry, and don't do anything to annoy him.
>>
No. 608381 ID: 0769b3

mention how henry wants to destroy the hotel by killing you
>>
No. 608383 ID: 3009b4

>>608381
I'd hold on mentioning that Henry wants to destroy the hotel since he just wants to escape from it -- if Henry believes killing Nan will free him it has no impact on Santiago.

I suggest waiting to see how they interact first as well. Don't assume regular tactics as Santiago is rather ... spontaneous. But it is interesting considering Henry was all "I'll break your neck" to Santiago prior.
>>
No. 608384 ID: 0769b3

>>608383
Yeah it is a good idea to listen in for a bit but may i remind you that this hotel is sant's freedom from society, if it goes his freedom goes with it so pitting them aganst each other by saying that henry wants the hotel gone at the right moment can cause sant to question henrys motives, possible save us or attack henry giveing us time to escape
>>
No. 608387 ID: bdd703

>>608384
>>608381
>>608378
Hang on.
Why would Santiego believe us that Henry can harm the hotel?
If we are going to bluff (and I really think that bluffing is a bad call given our lack of control here), we should at least pick something that won't be questioned.
>>
No. 608389 ID: 6ccc9a

Let them deal with their issues. Someone said above that they could be at odds. Maybe one will kill the other or something and we'll only have one to deal with.
>>
No. 608394 ID: c302b8

Hope and pray to god that Santiago(first is a really badass name) is currently an ally, I have a really strong feeling that he's not as he seems(all though he gives me very "Red"-ish vibes but I feel like hes a good guy deep down, although henry I knew was an asshole but not "pilgrim" level of an asshole
>>
No. 608395 ID: c302b8

I would TOTALLY call my kid Santiago... Santiago Antonio Ortiz... Damn that sounds cool
>>
No. 608397 ID: ccea58

Just remember that Santiago will only do what he wants, it is advisable to NOT tell him what to do. Seem uninterested to the current situation!
>>
No. 608398 ID: 86e91d

>tfw I live in Santiago

Bring up the lightbringer stuff if you can
>>
No. 608399 ID: 0d2d03

How about Nan tells Henry to kill Santiago?

No really. I hate him the most. I want to believe we can still change Henry, he has to know he's wrong, he'll be disappointed when he kills Nan and finds out she doesn't release him.
>>
No. 608400 ID: 84a9e4

Tell him not to worry as he can see Nan is just "hanging around"

Oh he has a knife
>>
No. 608402 ID: 8d5b00

If it hasn't already been brought up, has the possibility of 'The Lightbringer' being Henry struck anyone?

Seriously, just go back and read what he says. Hell, Henry even had that necklace, somehow, and the hood looks similar.

The foldy-horns are confusing me, though
>>
No. 608403 ID: 784110

see how they interact, but dont just stay quiet. seems like they had a plan to kill you- if you cant alter the events, youre dead :c
figure out the best way to approach santiago... he's our wildcard; still the unpredictable jerk who was gonna cut off our fingers until we showed we could ~understand~ him. and that might be what we need right now!
ask about his motives. what happened to his perfect freedom? try to go into what henry would not let us say- maybe we can re-establish that connection? and therefore gain an ally. maybe mention that he was right. theres freedom in the dark, and hes not obligated to do anything- include remaining on henry's side.
this will take a different kind of strength, requiring our nerves of steel and social grace- we can be strong here. we can make it.
>>
No. 608408 ID: f10b8e

we have to think of a way to make henry tell santiago what to do.
>>
No. 608410 ID: 2f2fc2

Say that you want Santiago to kill you since he's more pure than henry...there has to be a way to make them bicker and/or tear each other apart
>>
No. 608411 ID: c302b8

Yes, I believe that Santiago is the only one thats alive that we can trust, obviosly we cant trust henry cus he was ying to us the whole time, we cant trust kim kus she knew henry was the pilgrim, we cant trust anderson, cuz face it(no offense to any EX-veterans) some soldiers come home from war with no sanity left in them and elsa I mean anna is dead... who else is there??? What happened to Pablo I wonder(if henry is the real pilgrim) if him and Andy were attacked by the pilgrim
>>
No. 608414 ID: 9f37d6
File 141765352401.gif - (15.56KB , 701x683 , 701.gif )
608414

Santiago enters the room.
Nan tells him that yes, in fact, Henry was about to stab her.

"Now that's not very considerate. We had a deal." Santiago shakes his head.
Henry still has his knife. "Don't you talk deals to me. You're lucky I even let you live this long. I could have killed you at any time."
"Could have, sure. But didn't. You still need me. You couldn't get around the hotel without me."
"I survived weeks on my own. I'd be fine."
"Maybe once upon a time. But not anymore. It's getting more dangerous, and we know who's been stirring things up."
>>
No. 608415 ID: 0bc138

>>608359
"So, fun fact, henry is a psychopathic bastard. But whatever. How are you doing Santiago?"
>>
No. 608416 ID: a552ec

So, what, is Santiago the Pilgrim? Somehow get out of this mess and run to the beast, and have it get both of them.
>>
No. 608417 ID: ccea58

"Yes, because I felt like it."
>>
No. 608418 ID: d3be40

>>608414
"Weeks? I thought you said months-"

Get Henry riled up. Make Santiago realize just how @#$%ing seasoned Henry is at this game. Henry's greatest strength is his obfuscation - he gets others to underestimate him. Take that away, and his real stats aren't that great.
>>
No. 608419 ID: 8fc128

>Maybe once upon a time. But not anymore. It's getting more dangerous, and we know who's been stirring things up

Henry. He has been Feeding the hotel, making it stronger, its his fault Santigos paradise has become too dangerous for him.
>>
No. 608420 ID: ccea58

Also consider nonchalantly humming some show tunes. "This is pretty boring to you" is probably a good thought for these 2.
>>
No. 608421 ID: a2b630

Oh, now that all the mood blood is gone, I see the painting behind her!

... is that building burning? Make note of that later. Continue eavesdropping.

Ask what deal was made, maybe?
>>
No. 608422 ID: 9f37d6
File 141765408443.gif - (15.72KB , 701x683 , 702.gif )
608422

"Now, I've done what you asked. I helped you get where you needed to be. Now you give me some time with her before you do her in. Surely I deserve that much."
"I have what I want. I don't need you anymore."
"If that was true you'd have killed me when I stepped into the room."

Nan informs Santiago that Henry thinks killing her will end all this and set him free.
"Well," Santiago grins, "I guess we'll see who's right pretty soon, won't we?"
"I'm gagging her. I can't stand listening to her talk anymore."

Henry glares at Santiago. "I'll give you a few minutes with her. But not alone. And control yourself. I need her in one piece for the sacrifice."
>>
No. 608423 ID: 86e91d

It's Henry's fault for increasing the hotel's bloodlust. Team up with Santiago, even if it ends on rape
>>
No. 608424 ID: 687279

When we mentioned the whole Anasazi thing to Henry he implied Santiago is familiar with it as well. So yeah, we side with him, because if he knows what we know, he knows Henry is wrong and you are not supposed to die.
>>
No. 608425 ID: b5b4e9

... what would happen if Nan said she had to use the bathroom? Obviously, she can't win a physical confrontation, but remember that mirror hint from long ago? A glance in whatever mirror's left might be useful...

Hear Santiago out. Maybe ask him some questions, like WHAT IS EVEN HAPPENING ANYMORE?
>>
No. 608426 ID: 59e07c

I get the feeling asking for a bathroom break would be way too obvious, and also why would you give a bathroom break to somebody you're about to kill in a few seconds? Let's hear what Santiago has to say, and be ready for....something. Honestly Nan is kind of a sitting goat at the moment.
>>
No. 608427 ID: bdd703

To get out of this, we are going to need to talk Santiago into cutting us free.
To do that we need to understand Santiago's motivations for being here. Begging, demanding, or appeals to ethics clearly won't work on him.

I think Henry is just stalling because he's uncomfortable with killing us, but Santiago is clearly after SOMETHING. Listen to him.
>>
No. 608429 ID: 9f37d6
File 141765542959.gif - (15.11KB , 701x683 , 703.gif )
608429

Henry gags Nan tightly with a piece of cloth.

Santiago approaches.
"I warned you, didn't I? I said what would happen if you kept nosing around.
I guess you can't trust anyone these days."

>>
No. 608431 ID: 534cc4

Prepare for a beating, but i think santiago might rescue you at some point. (Roughs you up believably but snaps one of your constraints on purpose while kicking the shit out of you.)
>>
No. 608432 ID: ccea58

Shrug.
>>
No. 608433 ID: f10b8e

kick him! quick!
>>
No. 608434 ID: 0ce41b

Welp guess there's no way were talking ourselves out of this one. But is there anything we can do physically at this point?
>>
No. 608436 ID: 2e2233

Nan: "Mmph mm mphm mmph."
>>
No. 608437 ID: 0ce41b

Other than sack the two of them since they're so close ... henry for sure needs a swift kick to the nads.
>>
No. 608438 ID: 86e91d

Recieve punishment with dignity
>>
No. 608439 ID: 3009b4

I suppose we could rear back and kick Henry since he's so close. Between the two I'd rather deal with Santiago; at least he's honest about being a psychopath.
>>
No. 608441 ID: 9f37d6
File 141765624380.gif - (10.17KB , 701x683 , 704.gif )
608441

"Hello, Nan. Things are rather different than the last time the three of us met.

I do hope you got my notes."

>>
No. 608442 ID: 86e91d

Oh, there's the Pilgrim's skeleton and what looks like the Padre's burlap sack on the floor.
>>
No. 608444 ID: 534cc4

Kick the psycho in black.
>>
No. 608446 ID: 687279

>>608441
Nod.
>>
No. 608447 ID: bdd703

Bound and gagged there isn't much we can do. Try to give Santiago a puzzled look. It's not much, but him talking is keeping you alive, and I'm struggling to believe Santiago would risk his own life just for an "I told you so"

We need something, anything, to change.
>>
No. 608448 ID: 0ce41b

Yeah it turns out Henry is the Pilgrim. So ... we're not going to kick henry in the nuts then? Alright.
>>
No. 608449 ID: c76c67

>>608442

cmon man this isn't even some obscure thing that happened in the background 4 years ago, this is stuff that happened TODAY
>>
No. 608451 ID: 59e07c

Keep listening. He seems to be talking about when the three were in the Chapel together, and he wrote those notes explaining the Hotel and the one about "remember the Pilgrim". There's still a slim chance he's got something resembling Nan's interests in mind, so no aggressive moves that'll set him off yet.
>>
No. 608452 ID: a2b630

Smile and nod, nan, smile and nod. Kicking Henry won't get you anywhere.

You might want to hear Santiago out. Just this once.

If he tries to rape you, though, don't hold back. He's only an ally until he tries raping you. Again. Like before.

Point is, right now, just listen to the bastard badger.
>>
No. 608455 ID: 9f37d6
File 141765679982.gif - (11.27KB , 701x683 , 705.gif )
608455

Nan nods. So the pile of clippings in the Lounge were from Santiago.

"You know what your problem is, Nan? You can't see the forest for the trees.

You're so hung up on specifics and numbers and memories. You know who's hung up on memories? This asshole."

Santiago gestures to Henry, who rolls his eyes, standing against the far wall and waiting impatiently.

"You can't rely on that here. You should know that by now. You've seen what this place does. It tears you away. Eats up everything you are. You're twisting yourself up over dates and specifics, but you're missing the bigger picture.
There are bigger things at work here than me, and you, and him."

>>
No. 608456 ID: 86e91d

>>608449
I just wanted to point that out man


nod
>>
No. 608457 ID: 534cc4

Nod slowly like you totally get it.
>>
No. 608458 ID: 5d2d74

"I hope these pieces help bring light to your search. Maybe there is something to it after all." So Santiago left this, too... I'm guessing after we had Nan respond so sympathetically even after what he threatened to do to her, he had a change of heart.

In any case, let's hear him out. He might be on our side yet.
>>
No. 608459 ID: bdd703

Keep nodding
Keep listening
It's all that you have
>>
No. 608460 ID: fe6f71

We should listen to him. At the very least we'll get info that might help up later if we escape. And we have one advantage that no one else has: Nan is pure. She has never killed someone or caused a death directly. So the hotel will not target her because she has no sin, and we should keep it that way.
>>
No. 608462 ID: 9f37d6
File 141765721933.gif - (15.52KB , 701x683 , 706.gif )
608462

"And another thing! You're too damn NICE. Can't you see where you are? This isn't the Girl Scouts.

You're so trusting of everyone you let the devil you know murder your friend. Too busy picking over piece of dust to see the devil walking among you!

This world is born of blood.
At least, this place certainly is."

>>
No. 608464 ID: 9f37d6
File 141765739691.gif - (15.01KB , 701x683 , 707.gif )
608464

Santiago paces around as he rants, circling behind Nan.

"And now look where you are. For as nice as you tried to be, look how you've ended up. Stupid child."
>>
No. 608465 ID: 6e79d4

Open your hand.
>>
No. 608467 ID: 86e91d

Get ready for whatever he's planning to do
>>
No. 608468 ID: 9f37d6
File 141765785665.gif - (13.54KB , 701x683 , 708.gif )
608468

Nan opens her hand and Santiago deftly slips something into it.

"Now you see what comes of giving some people a second chance."

"Maybe she's learned her lesson."
"I suppose time will tell."
>>
No. 608469 ID: a19cd5

Sweet, santiago is a bro. Start edging free as subtly as you can.
>>
No. 608470 ID: d3be40

...I think he's telling you to kill him and Henry. Neither of them can be trusted.

Whatever, get ready for a fight...
>>
No. 608472 ID: 0ce41b

So should we cut the ropes now? It seems Santiago is willing to help us but if we wait for Henry to get closer we could get the jump on him.
>>
No. 608473 ID: a2b630

You have Santiago a second chance, now he's giving you one. You've illuminated him, somehow. He's a capricious ally, but he's one of yours anyway.

Cut yourself free. But don't kill Santiago.

Henry can't be allowed to walk out of the room. Henry can't take any second chances now.

Don't fuck this up, Nan.
>>
No. 608474 ID: fe6f71

Nan, you can not die, but don't forsake who you are. Don't let this hotel twist you into a monster, like it has everyone else. But still take care of Henry, because he's too far gone. And don't let you guard down again.
>>
No. 608475 ID: e7db7e

Subtly cut the robes, but grab hold of them. Hold them in place so that they look like they're still tied.

>>608472
I don't think we can jump him with our hands tied behind our back.
>>
No. 608476 ID: 0ce41b

>>608470
Why would we kill Santiago? He just said "Now you see where giving people second chances gets you" while placing a knife in our hands. He's using his second chance to help us.
>>
No. 608477 ID: dbd097

>Subtly cut yourself free
Thanks, Santiabro!
>>
No. 608478 ID: bdd703

Keep staring forward, control your breathing.
Henry probably isn't paying much attention, but he must not figure out what just happened.
>>
No. 608479 ID: 86e91d

I always liked that loony motherfucker, I wonder why he won't kill Henry himself though.
Start slowly cutting the rope.
>>
No. 608481 ID: 687279

>>608468
Start cutting the ropes. Quietly as possible. Though... keep a grip on them. If the ropes go slack, Henry will notice. You want to take him by surprise.
>>
No. 608482 ID: dbd097

>"Hate to cut and run..."
>>
No. 608483 ID: 6ccc9a

Very slowly cut those ropes. Very carefully. Clearly you have Santiago on your side at least for the time being.
>>
No. 608484 ID: bdd703

>>608470
>...I think he's telling you to kill him and Henry. Neither of them can be trusted.
Santiago isn't a good person by any standard, but he's done nothing to deserve being harmed.
Henry on the other hand...
>>
No. 608486 ID: 9f37d6
File 141765898892.gif - (14.99KB , 701x683 , 710.gif )
608486

Nan begins cutting through the ropes as quickly and subtly as she can. She wisely takes care to hold the tethered knot so it doesn't go slack against its supports in the ceiling.

Santiago moves away, intentionally pulling Nan's gag off. Henry seems displeased with this.
Santiago moves to the door.

"Where are you going?"
"What's it matter to you? You're getting out of here soon, aren't you?"
"Now I'm thinking this might be done better at the altar."
"Then take her there yourself."
"I don't have the amulet you found anymore."
"It's not my fault if you lost it."
"Don't test me, Santiago. I could kill you with my bare hands."
"I don't doubt it. You're certainly the killing type."
"You'll take us if I say you'll take us."
>>
No. 608487 ID: e7db7e

>>608480
If we have the choice, then I think we should keep Henry alive. We have ropes to keep him restrained.

This isn't just for ethical reasons; he knows more about this place than us. If he's at our mercy, then we can trade things like food for information.

That being said, we shouldn't refrain from stabbing the shit out of Henry if we have to. Self defense comes first.
>>
No. 608488 ID: 687279

Ask him what altar he's talking about. Does he mean the church?
>>
No. 608489 ID: 534cc4

Get the binds off if they aren't already and wait for a good opening to attack.
>>
No. 608490 ID: 0ebd86

>>608488
I don't think we should talk. He's getting annoyed that we talk so much, he may come over to hit us or something and notice the knife.
>>
No. 608491 ID: 534cc4

Don't say a damn word, we want his attention off us and on Santiago.
>>
No. 608492 ID: 2f2fc2

Nan you help Santiago ...try and make sure he doesn't die. No matter how terrible he's ever been favors always nee repaying even after the score has been settled.
>>
No. 608493 ID: fe6f71

Wait for the perfect moment. When you do eventually stab him, aim to immobilize him first. Preferably his arms. And keep that knife this time. If you can, get Henry. And as a last resort, you can go into the dark. Just remember what Santiago taught you. Since you have not committed a sin, it won't seek you out.
>>
No. 608494 ID: 86e91d

Keep slicing, I doubt talking will help with his current temper
>>
No. 608495 ID: 0ce41b

>>608487
It is going to be terribly obvious if we try to cut said ropes down in front of him. The only way that's possible is to knock him unconcscious and we've already found that he is physically stronger than us and we no longer have any sort of bludgeoning weapon ... unless we grab that skull off the floor I suppose. Even then though we'd have to catch him by surprise which means crossing the entire room without him noticing us.
>>
No. 608496 ID: a2b630

No. You listen.

Santiago said we can't give such second chances much longer. We gave Santiago ours, and in return, he's freed us.

We gave Henry chances, and he wants us dead. No. We're doing ourselves, and our dead friends, a favor.

Nan, once you're free, kill Henry. Don't even hesitate.
>>
No. 608498 ID: bdd703

Say nothing.
Focus on your breathing.
Be patient.
You only have one chance.
>>
No. 608499 ID: 6ccc9a

Of course just wait until his attention is fully on Santiago and sneak over to him and attack.
SNEAK OVER though don't just run at him unless he notices while you're sneaking.
>>
No. 608500 ID: 534cc4

>>608496
Absolutely, killing henry is a justice for all of his victims, a favor indeed. No hesitation.
>>
No. 608501 ID: 2f2fc2

>>608496
maybe we can save someone who isn't meant to be saved
>>
No. 608502 ID: 5d2d74

>>608496
This could just as easily be interpreted as him saying giving second chances is a good thing. He was phrasing it in a way that seemed negative because Henry was listening, but we know better, because we saw Nan get the knife.
>>
No. 608503 ID: ca118c

Free yourself but wait a little, if he come close to take you to the altar, that will be the time for the attack.

Don't be reckless
>>
No. 608504 ID: e31d12

As far as I'm concerned, whatever second chance Henry had or deserved is long dead. It isn't just the multiple times he's attacked Nan. He killed Alan, Anna, and God knows how many more people in the hotel. He can justify the blood on his hands to himself however he likes, it isn't going to wash it away.

Killing in self defense is not a sin, on the other hand. Say nothing, and wait for Henry to approach.

And be thorough.
>>
No. 608505 ID: 0769b3

>>608504
But you see if we kill him are we any better then him? The answer is always no, we can probably get away with wounding him though but that might end good or bad for us, i think we should go for a blitzkrieg by sacking the motherfucker and booking it
>>
No. 608506 ID: f10b8e

Dont attack yet, that would be suicide.
you need to wait until the time is right.

even if both nan and santiago attack henry he will most likely win. we cant take any risks.
>>
No. 608507 ID: fe6f71

Santiago is angry with us for being dumb enough to be caught. This time we need to not take chances. Don't slaughter Henry, but don't go out of your way to not kill him. Do what must be done to survive. Don't let your emotions cloud your judgement. If you know he's too tough to beat in a fair fight then don't fight him, just run.
>>
No. 608508 ID: f10b8e

>>608505
um, no, the awnser would be yes. or even better. the awnser would be that we dont really care.

even santiago said it, ''you are too damn NICE''.

then again, im still pissed about anna.
>>
No. 608509 ID: e31d12

>>608505
Killing in self defense is not a sin.

...

Fine. When he approaches, stab him in the hand that is carrying the knife, then head butt tackle him in the stomach.
>>
No. 608510 ID: bdd703

Wait for him to come to you, then stab him.
We can settle whether he gets a second chance after the fight, but there is definitely no shame in defending yourself.
>>
No. 608511 ID: a2b630

You can wait until he comes close, but when he does, we're not taking any chances.

When he comes close, hit him where he least expects it. Stab him right in his cold, black heart.

Self defense isn't a sin, after all.
>>
No. 608512 ID: f10b8e

>>608511
nope, not the heart. eyes, neck or theres no deal.
>>
No. 608513 ID: 534cc4

*Ahem* >>608507
>>608505
HENRY IS A SERIAL KILLER.
He will continue to hunt us down and kill absolutely anyone in his way. This has to end RIGHT NOW.

This isn't a demon, just a man. A man who deserves to die, and we need to be the one to kill him.
>>
No. 608514 ID: bdd703

>>608512
Eyes then.
>>
No. 608515 ID: 6ccc9a

Somehow I really feel like we shouldn't kill him now.
Like the hotel will hold it against us or something.
Either wound him and run or incapacitate him and tie him up instead.

But I still stand by what I said. Be sneaky about it when his back is turned.
>>
No. 608517 ID: 5d2d74

Hey. Remember what we heard from the Padre? "Kill me THOROUGHLY." What do you suppose he meant by that? How can we kill Henry thoroughly?
>>
No. 608518 ID: f1beae

Nan, stay quiet. Say nothing. Breathe. Stay as calm as you can. Continue cutting the rope, and once you're free, grab Henry and stab him in the fucking throat. Then the face. Then the gut. Then his heart. Don't stop stabbing until he's fucking dead. Do not hesitate. Then run. Don't say anything to Santiago, he doesn't want our thanks. Just kill Henry and run.
>>
No. 608519 ID: 1fbb52

>>608512
This. Stabbing in the heart runs the risk of hitting a rib and the knife getting stuck or grazing off. Going for the neck means that we can totally fuck him up in multiple ways, be it piercing his esophagus or trachea, cutting his carotid artery, or just totally ravaging everything there. Going for the eyes gives us a way to permanently cripple him and get good access to the brain, or at least the front of it with that dinky knife.
>>
No. 608520 ID: 6e79d4

>>608517
That note on the back of the check said 'you must kill me' too.
>>
No. 608523 ID: 687279

>>608517
That wasn't the Padre. That was the horned dude, who we have yet to meet.

>>608520
That was from the horned dude too.
>>
No. 608524 ID: 534cc4

Go for the throat or face.
>>
No. 608525 ID: 0769b3

>>608514
Agreed, not only is it a non lethal attack but it would cripple him immensly
>>
No. 608528 ID: f10b8e

>>608525
he has two eyes tho.
>>
No. 608529 ID: 1fbb52

>>608528
Depth perception gets FUCKED with one eye, and while he writhes in agony we should have enough time to stab the other one because adrenaline is fun.
>>608524
No no, not just anywhere on the face my friend, as previously stated, the eyes. The skull is a rather thick thing, as it should be. We could possibly go for the temples if we're feeling ballsy or we have a better angle on them somehow.
>>
No. 608530 ID: bdd703

>>608528
Doesn't matter.
He's not going to keep fighting with a knife in one.
>>
No. 608532 ID: 3efed6

Maybe try to stab him in the lower back, if were lucky it might slip into his spinal cord and paralyze his legs. It's a long shot but maybe we're due to get a bone thrown our way.
>>
No. 608534 ID: 0769b3

>>608530
Then we use our "GOATLY PHYSIQUE" to kick him right in the gut and go for round two
>>
No. 608535 ID: 1fbb52

>>608530
I really hate to beat the term dead, but "be thorough" really applies in this case. Take no chances: Fuck him up beyond recovery or repair. Losing an eye does not kill someone, it cripples them, but he will keep fighting.
>>
No. 608537 ID: 0769b3

>>608535
And thats why we gotta get both of his eyes, make sure he has to work with someone to get anywhere due to the nature of the hotel
>>
No. 608538 ID: 6e79d4

Don't go for the eyes. We want to eliminate the threat, not make a bigger monster.
>>
No. 608539 ID: 0d2d03

Definitely keep Henry alive if she can, but right now she should just keep quiet and wait. Also I still don't trust Santiago, he has his own agenda. Period.
>>
No. 608541 ID: 43ec3e

Nan needs to wait and be quiet. Henry's still armed, and while Santiago DID give us a knife, he's still incredibly unpredictable. Wait until Henry puts away his knife, or disarm him yourself when he gets close.
>>
No. 608542 ID: f10b8e

>>608539
if his agenda involves nan being alive them im cool with that.
>>
No. 608545 ID: c247da

Guys we NEED to finish this, for our SURVIVAL we HAVE to KILL HENRY. If we dont hell just come hunting us down again.
>Cut the ropes
>Stab him
>Keep stabbing
>Do not stop stabbing until he stops moving
>>
No. 608546 ID: 59e07c
<