[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 580790)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 41599 unique user posts. View catalog

File 140364915512.png - (29.54KB , 900x450 , 1.png )
580790 No. 580790 ID: 65a774

Old threads and Wiki: http://tgchan.org/wiki/Rust
Discussion: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/56976.html

The new death marches.

>First, there is a horrible lack of Alpha Centauri on this desktop.
Well, I do have it installed, there’s just no shortcut on the desktop… for some reason.
>Gah! Badly cluttered desktop! It buuuurns.
I’m a lazy bastard, so sue me. Also, other reasons… because reasons.
Expand all images
>>
No. 580791 ID: 65a774
File 140364917610.png - (16.95KB , 900x450 , 2.png )
580791

:BradfordUNB: No, no, that’s not at all what I said. Dammit, Anna, focus.
:AnnaUNB: Hey, I’m tryi- Woop!!
:BradforUNB: …and we really need to work on your balance…
:AnnaUNB: At least the ground is soft to fall on…
:DrinaUNB: …where is Alexandra? She’s already late for practice.
:VladUNB: Um… she didn’t eat breakfast with us today…
:DrinaUNB: Dammit, first the Lord Ranger doesn’t show up and now one of our priests are late? What is it with people this morning!?

Insert Just another glorious day_
>>
No. 580793 ID: dbe554

Oh hey it's the land of snow and windwalkers. It's good to be back!

Though he's right, you are rather unbalanced when it comes to swinging weaponry, maybe you need to concentrate on your footwork more.
>>
No. 580796 ID: 40935b

Well that's a particularly horrific title card. Is that a spellsword?

Hey brad guess what you're a wanted man. A human calling himself a windwalker with a similarly luxurious beard and green eyes massacred a bunch of Von Zolner thugs on the road. Unless there's anything you'd like to tell us, Our money is on a shape-shifter.

Last we saw of Alexandra, she was at the bar. Who's a Lord Ranger, anyway?
>>
No. 580798 ID: d8a627

Waaaait a minute, we can swap between kings? I thought it was just we'd gain another king after losing one either due to resigning them or whatever other reason.

Well, we met with the Magician and a bunch of others, other than that I don't really have much to say at the moment.
>>
No. 580821 ID: 65a774
File 140365512891.png - (17.17KB , 900x450 , 3.png )
580821

>Oh hey it's the land of snow and windwalkers. It's good to be back!
:VladUNB: Um… back? You guys were here yesterday! You can’t have been gone long…
>Though he's right, you are rather unbalanced when it comes to swinging weaponry, maybe you need to concentrate on your footwork more.
:AnnaUNB: Hey! I move like a gracious-
:BradfordUNB: You move like a drunk Ankwark, you clumsy oaf.
:AnnaUNB: Hey! You don’t need to be so mean!
:BradfordUNB: By Io’s mighty beard, girl, either you learn not to trip over your own feet all the time or you can stop dreaming about being a warrior. A warrior isn’t supposed to break his arms because he tripped and fell down the stairs!
:AnnaUNB: Hey! That only happened… err… twice!
:BradfordUNB: …it’s worse than I thought, isn’t it?
>Last we saw of Alexandra, she was at the bar.
:DrinaUNB: Oh, right… that… and she was drinking with those two... I do hope I don’t have to go and drag her drunk ass out from under those two guys…
:VladUNB: Huh? What guys?
:DrinaUNB: Nothing you need to worry about.
>Who's a Lord Ranger, anyway?
:DrinaUNB: Her name is Mikhail, she’s an albino lizard.
:BradfordUNB: Oh, yeah… we met her yesterday. She was angry that Jal was drunk for some reason.
:DrinaUNB: By Freya’s frozen ass cheeks, can’t anyone keep their damn… “sword” in control!?

>Hey brad guess what you're a wanted man. A human calling himself a windwalker with a similarly luxurious beard and green eyes massacred a bunch of Von Zolner thugs on the road.
:BradfordUNB: I’m what?
:DrinaUNB: Um… that explain the order I got this morning… If you were late I would have to report it to some guards at once.
:BradfordUNB: Wait… if I’m a wanted man, why haven’t they arrested me!?
:DrinaUNB: Beats me…
>Unless there's anything you'd like to tell us, Our money is on a shape-shifter.
:DrinaUNB: …shape shifters!? Those bastards got shape shifters now too!?
:DooriyaUNB: According to the book they are called Shape Stealers.
:DrinaUNB: Oh, hi Sis… wait, aren’t you supposed to be resting af- BY THE THANE, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOUR ARM!?
:VladUNB: I’m more surprised she got one at all… didn’t you cut it off?
:DooriyaUNB: Oh, this? It’s just something my little dreamy firefly cooked up… um… he said it will start to look nicer after he gets a bit more to eat…
:DrinaUNB: …eat what?
:DooriyaUNB: oh… you know… err… souls… from cultists…
:DrinaUNB: WHAT!? WHAT IN HEL’S DOMAIN ARE YOU- WHAT DID HE DO TO YOU!? YOU CAN’T-
:DooriyaUNB: Sister, please, calm yourself… it’s not… um… actually, you can talk to him yourself about it… he wanted to talk to Brad but I’m sure you’re welcome too.
:AnnaUNB: Oh! I want to come too!

Inser-

:NikolayUNB: What the fuck are they fucking talking about?
:MagnusUNB: Shh, I think they’ve forgotten that we’re here… and you should stop swearing so much, you potty mouth.
:NikolayUNB: Fuck you, asshole.

Insert Well, that escalated quickly…_
>>
No. 580824 ID: 2fd516

>>580798
Did you miss the first time we switched from Rust to Unbroken?

>>580790
Alright listen up. At one point in the past one of our other kings was caught in an illusion from the Dark One, which suddenly turned to a "vision" of the future. This is how he described it:

"I saw… a city in a land covered in white ash… right next to a huge mountain… there was a battle. An army of sun worshippers led by a man with a glorious orange beard was fighting an army of giants led by their green eyed king... who was corrupted by the dark one. It was a slaughter!"
As for who won:
"The Giants. It looked like the “order”, as you called them, thought they were on the same side until they suddenly turned on them. They were taken completely by surprise."

So yeah if you ever team up with some giants- I'm assuming Vildmen- to take on the enemy windwalker, expect them to turn on you, and prepare a plan in case it actually happens. HOWEVER, do not assume it is guaranteed to happen. This vision occurred while under the influence of the Dark One, who is an enemy daemon. We can't trust it, only prepare for the possibility that it's true.
>>
No. 580852 ID: d8a627

>>580824
>Did you miss the first time we switched from Rust to Unbroken?
While I saw a bit of Unbroken, I didn't join until most of the way through Numb.

>if I’m a wanted man, why haven’t they arrested me!?
Innocent until proven guilty? Even if that isn't the way of things, you've made a good reputation for yourself, right? They may consider the possibility, but unless they've got something to give them a real doubt, they'll trust you, I think.
>>
No. 580853 ID: 2fd516

>>580821
Oh, I just remembered. Please check the book to see what it says happens if we win.
>>
No. 580854 ID: 2fd516

aaaand...
[scan everyone present]
>>
No. 580856 ID: 40935b

They probably haven't arrested Bradford because they too, suspected a shapeshifter.

Drina, quit freaking out.
Dooriya, stop acting so infatuated.
It's a prosthesis. Probably made of enchanted metal or something. I hardly have the energy to remind everyone that Steve isn't like the other daemons, but you should still be wary blah blah blah I ain't your daddy and you aren't dumbasses. You all know what horrible things daemons can do, and now you've seen the generosity Steve is capable of. Drina, I understand you're protectiveness. Dooriya, I understand you like steve. You both should still be more cautious rather than taken with or hostile toward Steve.

So, can we get some volunteers to find the missing lizard ladies?
>>
No. 580865 ID: 2fd516

You know, it's strange, we've been told repeatedly that souls don't exist, and that demons don't eat souls.
>>
No. 580886 ID: 3f0c1b

Well Vlad, we visited the past again, and the past-or-future, not sure about that second jump. Either way, it's been a while for us.
>>
No. 580895 ID: d8a627

>>580886
Didn't The Magician tell us we were three months in the future? Depending on how far in the past the desert was, we can determine where we were compared to now during our time with him.
>>
No. 580906 ID: 2fd516

>>580895
iirc Bradford is like 6 months in the future.
>>
No. 580919 ID: d0e0a2

I cast Wall of Text!

[Check pawn status][Display player count][Scan The Sister of Wisdom][Scan right arm of The Sister of Wisdom]

Drina, calm yourself! Yelling at your sister isn't going to help anything. Save it for when you meet Lightbringer; You can bellow all you want then. For now take calming breaths and get your focus back.

Okay, we're having a group meeting. Now. Find someplace private and out of the way. We're getting everyone on the same goddamn page before seeing Lightbringer.

>Um… back? You guys were here yesterday! You can’t have been gone long…
Time travel, Vlad. We went to the Serath nine months ago, then the Amun Empire six months ago. So for us it's been about three (rather eventful) days in total.

You guys should know that we had a grisly vision right before we came back to you. We saw what appeared to be a human clad in full armor with what we think is a swarm of flies circling him standing beneath a crystal tree holding the head of a Order paladin by the spine he just ripped it out by. Around him lay more paladin corpses, one of which is encased in ice, two others rapidly decaying to the bone beneath a swarm of flies. Then we hear "The new death marches" and the vision ends. It looks like the Blood God has a new weapon in his arsenal we'll soon be seeing.

>A warrior isn’t supposed to break his arms because he tripped and fell down the stairs! >Hey! That only happened… err… twice!
Anna, that level of clumsiness is really abnormal. There may be something physically wrong with you to cause that. Have you ever gone to a doctor to have your balance checked? Been examined for damage or defects of the inner ear? Ever had a serious ear infection or extended high fever? Otherwise all I can think of is that your mind is getting in the way; That you're trying to consciously micro-manage your body's movements. So shift your thoughts elsewhere, above the fray, and don't focus on your body. Focus on where you want your body to go and what you want it to do.

>Wait… if I’m a wanted man, why haven’t they arrested me!?
'Cause you're not a wanted man. Yet. The Order wants to make damn sure you did it before making a move.

Brad, could you tell us what you did yesterday, after you left Dr. Vadoma's office and before going to bed, and who saw you, if anybody. I believe that's the time period the massacre of the Von Zolner thugs had to have happened. Otherwise the Order wouldn't be considering you because before then there were plenty of eyewitnesses that you were in town, and before that you were chained up in the fort.

Drina, remember that lizard lady with the emerald eyes who introduced you to Tsure? We scanned her right before she left and she's one of Green's people; Scan-name "The Druid." We ought to find out who she is and have a little chat with her. Tsure might know her name. There's also a druid named Ella that Sten mentioned. I doubt she'd be who we're looking for but still find out if she's a lizard with green eyes.

Dooriya, tell us more about this new arm Lightbringer gave you. What kind of cultist souls does it eat. Are we talkin' 100% corrupted, totally irredeemable ones, or ones that could still be saved? Where did the souls to get it to the point it is now come from? And will it be needing souls to keep it going? 'Cause if it needs new souls to keep powering it then there's gonna be 'issues' when the supply of cultists eventually drys up.

...Wait. How are Drina and Brad going to speak with Lightbringer? He hasn't manifested again, has he? Or are they going to go to sleep?

Okay, get out your Book and look up what will happen to the world after the daemon realm is sealed, along with what would happen in the other known futures and what causes them. And while you're at it, see if you can look up the location of the Rune of Earth's Vault. If it's in there that'll save us a lot of hassle when we get back to Amun.

We've been told of three futures that are known to always come from all this. First is the rebel daemons winning and eating pretty much everyone. Second is Bob and Steve's side winning, sealing the daemon realm. Sounds good, except then all the "artificial god" players decide to take advantage of the chaos immediately afterwards to expand their nations. The resulting wars are more terrible than any that came before, engulfing the world in flame. Third is somehow the world breaks; Everything withers away, resources dry up, and even the sun fades and dies. All 'cause of something we did. We have no idea what, but we definitely don't want that.

We need a fourth way out of this. Some path that hasn't been taken before. Otherwise it's all going to end in one of those three ways, and then we go back to try again. And again. And again. Until we get it right.

>>580856
I really doubt it was a Shape Stealer 'cause whoever it was used Windwalker powers. The only halfway possible way I can think of for a Shape Stealer to get those is to suck the brains and memories out of a Windwalker so it'd know the techniques of a Windwalker, and even then I don't think it'd work 'cause it takes something special in the blood to be a Windwalker. Also, if it was a Shape Stealer it'd emulate Brad's current physical appearance exactly, but whoever it was had a different hairstyle from Brad; A more disheveled one. It might have seen Brad at some other time, when his hair was messy.

>>580824
Yes, we should definitely exercise caution with a vision of the Dark One's plans that came while under the influence of one of the Dark One's wraiths. First thing to ask here is if the Order has Vildmen allies right now. Second is the eye color of the king of the Vildmen and any other of their leaders. Also, we know that the Dark One's forces in the Serath had Vildmen on their side; A gift to Mor'Kay from "vild männens kung." That means Mor'Kay had a Vildman ally up here back then and we should figure out who it is.

>>580895
>>580906
Bradford is nine months in the future from when we were with Jericho in the Serath. And Daithi is three months in the future from Jericho. We figured this out 'cause we got the current date from our people in each time, then had those in the other times compare those dates to their current date.

>>580852
I strongly suggest you read the previous quest threads. There are important bits that intertwine between them that you should know. The links to the threads are on the wiki page: http://tgchan.org/wiki/Rust. Also read the discussion thread from when Rust starts but don't get ahead of the quest threads in it.
>>
No. 580921 ID: d8a627

>>580906
If we consider The Magician (Yes, I'm using that title because I don't know if we should announce names yet) to be "Present," that puts -3 months and +3 months, past and future divided evenly from his point in time. Which is interesting, since all around him are hourglasses, keepers of time split into two halves.

Actually, if you look back at the cathedral (>>576989), that window showed one world pouring into an hourglass, which sprinkled down onto another. I wonder if that's significant to our three temporal placements.

...But I'm probably confusing the party, so let's leave the speculation for once we manage to return to The Magician and pals. Unless, of course, speculation is a pastime of yours. Any of yours.
>>
No. 580988 ID: 2fd516

...hmm, if the pattern continues, we will get another king 3 months after our latest one. Then every time period is separated by 3 months...

Can anyone tell us if anything interesting happened 3 months ago?
>>
No. 581028 ID: 65a774
File 140371466423.png - (14.60KB , 900x450 , 4.png )
581028

>[Check pawn status][Scan The Sister of Wisdom]
[“The Savage” Status: Peckish. “The hunter” Status: Depressed. “The priest” Status: Sleeping. “The Alchemist” Status: Deep in white. “Sister of Wisdom” Status: Concerned. “Sister of Power” Status: Angry, concerned, confused. “The Valkyrie” Status: Depressed.]
>[Scan right arm of The Sister of Wisdom]
[Demonic object: Demon bone structure.]
>[scan everyone present]
[Neutral Creature (Friendly): Those two guys] x 2
[Neutral Creature (Friendly): Order Sentry]

>Okay, we're having a group meeting. Now. Find someplace private and out of the way.
:DrinaUNB: You better have a good explanation about this, sis!
>Drina, calm yourself! Yelling at your sister isn't going to help anything. Save it for when you meet Lightbringer; You can bellow all you want then.
:DrinaUNB: Hmmf… fine…
>Dooriya, stop acting so infatuated.
:DooriyaUNB: Infa- hey! I’m not some love struck teenager! He’s a nice, but I’m still a bit skeptical about him!
>It's a prosthesis. Probably made of enchanted metal or something.
:DooriyaUNB: Err… actually, it’s kind of… um… bone?
:BradfordUNB: That’s the weirdest bone I’ve ever seen.
:DooriyaUNB: Um… right… those kind of bones…
>You know, it's strange, we've been told repeatedly that souls don't exist, and that demons don't eat souls.
:BradfordUNB: Aren’t souls just that life energy crap?
:DooriyaUNB: Well, yes… souls are a bit of… a misnomer. See, what we call souls are actually an energy that animates anything that’s alive… it’s more like… blood then anything personal. It’s supposedly even possible to transmit life energy from one person to another without ill effects if you have the right technology… as for daemons eating them… well… it’s not so much eating as… um… reusing it. See, it’s like mages and their magic. A mage uses magic to create a fireball while a daemon uses life energy to create this arm for me.
>Dooriya, tell us more about this new arm Lightbringer gave you. What kind of cultist souls does it eat.
:DooriyaUNB: Err… as I already said, he doesn’t actually eat them and… um… there’s really no difference between the life energy from a normal person and a cultist… or an animal or plant for that matter. It’s just… um… sentient beings got a lot more of it.
>Where did the souls to get it to the point it is now come from?
:DooriyaUNB: Remember that cultist you guys took alive?
:VladUNB: Wasn’t she executed?
:DooriyaUNB: Exactly… that’s where he’s getting the energy from… he… um… criminals that aren’t useful in any other way, as he said…
>Will it be needing souls to keep it going?
:DooryaUNB: No, it’s… well… it will need energy… like a muscle… so as long as I eat and… well, live, it will be fine. It’s just if I want it to be… well… less of a horror show he’ll need more energy to transform it.
:DrinaUNB: I still don’t tru-
:BradfordUNB: Personally, if he’s telling the truth I’m actually all for it. As far as I’ve understood then these “souls” aren’t more than energy that’s better off used then just wasted anyway.
:AnnaUNB: Well, that’s one way to see it… as long as he’s just using bad guys I’m okay with it, I guess…
:VladUNB: It’s a bit morbid but… um…
:DrinaUNB: Seriously, guys!? Doesn’t anyone see how wrong this is!?

>Drina, remember that lizard lady with the emerald eyes who introduced you to Tsure? We scanned her right before she left and she's one of Green's people; Scan-name "The Druid."
:DrinaUNB: What la- oh, right… her… hmm… the druid… well, there is a druid that-
>There's also a druid named Ella that Sten mentioned.
:DrinaUNB: Right, that’s it!
:VladUNB: Ella the druid!? Oh, yes, I’ve met her… she’s a rather pretty lizard lady with gorgeous emerald eyes…
:DrinaUNB: …welp, there we have it. I know she usually gather herbs and the like for us in the order. I think she lives on the outskirts of the town?
>Anna, that level of clumsiness is really abnormal. There may be something physically wrong with you to cause that. Have you ever gone to a doctor to have your balance checked?
:AnnaUNB: Hey! I’m just a bit uncoordinated!
:BradfordUNB: You’re rather inept if anything. I don’t think she has anything physically wrong with her; she’s just a bit of a… airhead at times. You know… problem focusing.
:AnnaUNB: …huh? Did you say something? I was thinking about something else…

>You guys should know that we had a grisly vision right before we came back to you. It looks like the Blood God has a new weapon in his arsenal we'll soon be seeing.
:DrinaUNB: Hmm… that’s odd… we haven’t lost any men nearby lately… at least not as gruesome as you describe it. But I’ll keep the lookout for any knight with flies around them.
>Alright listen up. At one point in the past one of our other kings was caught in an illusion from the Dark One, which suddenly turned to a "vision" of the future. This is how he described it…
:BradfordUNB: So we’ll be ambushed by Vildmän?
:AnnaUNB: Luckily, most of them are up in their own kingdom fighting that civil war.
:DooriyaUNB: Actually, the rebel “king” is arriving today with a large part of his army to talk with the Arch-Bishop and the Serath Sultan about a possible alliance.
:AnnaUNB: D’oh!
>First thing to ask here is if the Order has Vildmen allies right now. Second is the eye color of the king of the Vildmen and any other of their leaders.
:DooriyaUNB: As I said, they have come here to talk about just that and… um… I have no idea what color his eyes are, sorry…

>Oh, I just remembered. Please check the book to see what it says happens if we win.
:DooriyaUNB: …there’s nothing here?
:DrinaUNB: What do you mean, nothing there?
:DooriyaUNB: See, the pages are just… blank! Hmm… let me go back a bit… let’s see… we win… and bob seals the daemon realm and… nothing.
:AnnaUNB: Well, that’s a bit of a bummer.
:BradfordUNB: A bit of an ill omen, if anything.
>While you're at it, see if you can look up the location of the Rune of Earth's Vault.
:DooriyaUNB: “Under the endless fields of green in the kingdom of the Oxin lords”… Heck if I know where that is.

>Brad, could you tell us what you did yesterday, after you left Dr. Vadoma's office and before going to bed, and who saw you, if anybody.
:BradfordUNB: Um… I went back to the inn and stayed there?
:VladUNB: I can vouch for him being there. We played some cards with Anna most of the evening.
:AnnaUNB: Yeah, old beardy was definitely there all evening.
>...Wait. How are Drina and Brad going to speak with Lightbringer?
:DooriyaUNB: Um… he can speak with people under certain circumstances… in this case, if we meet him at his alter.
>Can anyone tell us if anything interesting happened 3 months ago?
:DooriyaUNB: Err… well… you mean outside our country, right?
:DrinaUNB: Well, I think the Derack nation started collecting troops in the city of brass for some reason but… that’s about it…
:DooriyaUNB: Oh, right, that. That’s the reason why the Serath is here after all. They want try and resolve what they can here so we can send most of the order to the city of brass later.
>So, can we get some volunteers to find the missing lizard ladies?
:VladUNB: Um… I’ll go, I guess? But I do-
:DrinaUNB: Check their rooms in the inn.
:VladUNB: But that Albino lady doesn’t-
:DrinaUNB: But Jal does, now move it, soldier!
:VladUNB: Yes sir!
:DrinaUNB: So… where was we?

Insert Kaktus was hit by the wall of text! It was super effective! Kaktus fainted!_
>>
No. 581031 ID: 0ee153

Oxen or Oxin?
>>
No. 581043 ID: 40935b

> Doesn’t anyone see how wrong this is!?
Well it's better than the alternative. The bone is probably just creepy looking because she'd ordinarily have an exoskeleton, not... whatever material that is, plus it's been recently repaired. There isn't much we can do about it now- let's worry about missing persons, our inevitable betrayal by vildmen, and the apparent end of everything once the daemon realm is sealed off.

>“The Alchemist” Status: Deep in white.
What the hell does that mea-
...I think we should have told Vlad to knock first.

It could mean something else, but I honestly have no idea. Maybe snow or drugs or something.

It says Alexandra is sleeping, but no clue where. Did she show up at the inn?
>>
No. 581047 ID: 2fd516

>>581028
>It’s supposedly even possible to transmit life energy from one person to another without ill effects if you have the right technology

Oh my god. That's the entire point of this "game", isn't it. Someone was trying to make a system for harvesting life energy and transmitting it to those the system was designed to benefit.

Um Vlad, we can see the status of Jal and he's busy. Alex is just sleeping. Maybe we should wait a while before disturbing either of them.

Let's go talk to Lightbringer.
>>
No. 581054 ID: d0e0a2

Vlad, hold a moment. Yesterday Jal told us that Mikhail invited him to her quarters, and since Jal's current status is "deep in white," it looks like he's still tapping that fine albino ass. Better check her quarters before the inn; Listen to the door to see if you hear them, then either way try knocking. Also, Alexandra's status shows she's asleep, so she might have gotten back to the inn or she might still be out. Drina, could you give Vlad the address of Andreas and Yulian's place in case Alexandra isn't at the inn.

Brad, it's quite possible that whoever took out those Von Zolner thugs is related to you. Doesn't explain why he went after the thugs, but maybe he has his own reasons separate from what happened here with the Von Zolners.

Anna, is there anything that has focused your thoughts in the past? Any particular thing, thought, or situation? You seemed to be able to pull your mind together enough during the duel with Alexi to pull of Windwalking, so what got your thoughts in order there?

>Actually, the rebel “king” is arriving today with a large part of his army to talk with the Arch-Bishop and the Serath Sultan about a possible alliance.
Hmm... If he was corrupted then Gray would have spotted that a mile off... Except, maybe... We know that the daemons on the Blood God's side have been sharing their special cultists. It's possible that one of The Deceiver's Shape Stealers got to the Vildman rebel "king," sucked his brains and memories out and is impersonating him near perfectly. Both our scans and Gray's wouldn't show him as a Shape Stealer, and if it's a sufficiently strong one it'd shrug off the effect of holy symbols. That doesn't leave many options to check if he is one. Dooriya, what does the Book say about detecting Shape Stealers?

Drina, we can see just how horribly wrong such things could go if widespread or large-scale. Imagining the ways to get all the sentient souls for such is stomach turning. But here and now with such a small thing, it isn't wrong. Since the cultists are going to die anyway, may as well take advantage of it, and the arm only requires a certain amount of souls to be finished. From then on it'll be powered just by Dooriya being alive.

Dooriya, I'd advise covering your arm up until it's fully formed. People are going to have enough questions about you getting a new arm without also seeing it in this state. Do you know if it'll look like your original arm once it's finished or if it'll still be colored this way?

The Book being blank after the daemon realm is sealed is very troubling. Either the Book is being censored or what comes after is beyond it's sight. Dooriya, could you do a test on the Book for us. Try looking up things that could never have answers or that the Book could not possibly know and see if it throws blank pages as well. Something like what exactly killed the all gods that created this world, or what does the color green sound like.

You should know that we've been told that after the daemon realm is sealed the nations of the world would take advantage of the chaos in the aftermath and the armies and military tech they've amassed to try to expand their territories. The result is a war that'll engulf the world. If Bob knows this'll happen, then he knows the emotional energy from that will flow to his side, giving them the power to crush the rebel daemons. If that's his true plan, then he's likely keeping it from Steve 'cause Steve won't want that kind of world for Dooriya or himself. We will have to ask Steve about this.

>“Under the endless fields of green in the kingdom of the Oxin lords”… Heck if I know where that is.
If I remember correctly, Oxin are the work animals of the Amun Empire and the traditional steed of the Amun nobility. And in the Ancient Age the wastelands to the east of Amun were "endless fields of green" thanks to the Rune of Earth. They're probably that way again since the Rune was restored. At least, it should have been restored by now. Still doesn't narrow down the location, though. Check if the Book says where we could go that has information on the Vault's exact location.

Dooriya, could you check if the Book says how many of the keystones and lesser elemental runes needed to open the Vaults there are in the world. 'Cause if it's more than 32 keystones and four lesser runes then we'll know that neither we or our enemies can just play keep-away with one or a few Vault keys to stymie the other side. Also, we've been told there's no way to detect the location of a keystone long-range with current technology, so check the Book to see what technology would be needed to do so. Oh, and also check if the keystones and lesser runes are keyed to only work with a certain Vault.
>>
No. 581060 ID: 65a774
File 140372822290.png - (19.54KB , 900x450 , 5.png )
581060

>Um Vlad, we can see the status of Jal and he's busy. Alex is just sleeping. Maybe we should wait a while before disturbing either of them.
:BradfordUNB: Vlad already left…
:AnnaUNB: Ha! He’s going to get a show, isn’t he!?
:DrinaUNB: I’m pretty sure they lock the door before they… you know… at least they should do it before going to bed.
>It says Alexandra is sleeping, but no clue where. Did she show up at the inn?
:AnnaUNB: I didn’t see her at all last night.
:BradfordUNB: Well, Drina said she saw her at a bar yesterday… so it’s possible she got back late, long after everyone else has fallen asleep.
:DooriyaUNB: That would explain why she’s still sleeping.
>Oh my god. That's the entire point of this "game", isn't it. Someone was trying to make a system for harvesting life energy and transmitting it to those the system was designed to benefit.
:DrinaUNB: …wait, what game? You mean the war with the daemons?
>Well it's better than the alternative. The bone is probably just creepy looking because she'd ordinarily have an exoskeleton, not... whatever material that is, plus it's been recently repaired.
:DrinaUNB: …fine, I’ll stop complaining. For now.
:DooriyaUNB: Thanks, sis!

>Brad, it's quite possible that whoever took out those Von Zolner thugs is related to you.
:BradfordUNB: Really? Well, that would explain his appearance…
>Anna, is there anything that has focused your thoughts in the past? Any particular thing, thought, or situation?
:AnnaUNB: Um… well, when I really need to focus I can and… this one time when… um… I… never mind.
>Dooriya, what does the Book say about detecting Shape Stealers?
:DooriyaUNB: “Anything that is blessed or holy will hurt them.” …that’s all it says.
>Dooriya, could you do a test on the Book for us? Something like what exactly killed the all gods that created this world.
:DooriyaUNB: “Their hubris”.
>What does the color green sound like.
:DooriyaUNB: “Green sounds like what yellow smells like in a room without a fourth dimension or what the color purple taste like if it’s from yesterday’s tomorrow”… err… okay?
>If I remember correctly, Oxin are the work animals of the Amun Empire and the traditional steed of the Amun nobility.
:AnnaUNB: Amun what now?
:DrinaUNB: Oh, I know about them! They are far to the south east, across the great sea.
>Check if the Book says where we could go that has information on the Vault's exact location.
:DooriyaUNB: “Look within yourself”.
>Dooriya, could you check if the Book says how many of the keystones and lesser elemental runes needed to open the Vaults there are in the world.
:DooriyaUNB: “There are 116 keystones, 16 lesser runes and 4 major runes. Each lesser rune needs one keystone to be reachable and every major rune needs 8 keystones and one lesser rune to be reached. Keystones and lesser runes cannot be reused after opening either a lesser or a major vault.”
>Dooriya, I'd advise covering your arm up until it's fully formed.
:DrinaUNB: YES! Why are you even going around with that… thing out in the open!?
:DooriyaUNB: Sorry…
>Do you know if it'll look like your original arm once it's finished or if it'll still be colored this way?
:DooriyaUNB: Um… my firefly did say it would look good… not… um… as my original arm…
:DrinaUNB: If that thing turn into a tentacle or something I will eat his freaking head!

>Let's go talk to Lightbringer.
:LightUNB: Ah, there you are, my sweet little butterfly… and you brought Bradford and frien-
:DrinaUNB: I’LL MURDER YOU, YOU SON O-
:LightUNB: Why, hello to you too, dear Drina. I’m sorry, but you’ll have to quiet down for a bit…
:DrinaUNB: Mff!! MFFF!!!
:LightUNB: Don’t worry, you’ll be able to talk when you’ve calmed down… meanwhile, why don’t you go to town on this doll of me?
:DrinaUNB: …mff?
:LightUNB: Well, either you’ll whack it around a bit and calm down or it confuse you long enough for your blood to stop boiling. Either way, it works.
>You should know that we've been told that after the daemon realm is sealed the nations of the world would take advantage of the chaos in the aftermath and the armies and military tech they've amassed to try to expand their territories. We will have to ask Steve about this.
:LightUNB: Huh? That’s… are you sure?
:BradfordUNB: Wait, can’t you see the future?
:LightUNB: Not after I becomes mortal, no… and neither can anyone else after the daemon realm closes. For some reason our future sight simply stop functioning after the daemon realm closes.
It’s very odd, isn’t’ it? Hmm… I have to talk with the others about this.
:BradfordUNB: Question!
:LightUNB: Hmm?
:BradfordUNB: Why are you a ball of light?
:LightUNB: …because I can?

Insert What good is a phone call, Mr. Anderson?_
>>
No. 581062 ID: dbe554

Because the more common daemon form we see them take is absolutely terrifying, generally looking like a black bipedal beast three times the size of a man with giant claws and drooling maw filled with teeth sharper then an obsidian blade.

A ball of light is cute, adorable, and generally non-hostile in comparison. Though his doll is absolutely adorable as well.
>>
No. 581065 ID: 2fd516

>>581060
It sounds like sealing the daemon realm when no daemons are on this side will result in all daemons being completely cut off from the world, or whatever enables your future sight. I forget- what was the situation last time the daemon realm was sealed off? As for how we know this... we got it from someone whose mind is not reset when we load our game. You see, we've been trying to save this world multiple times. Each time we've failed and reset reality so that we'd have another try. Things are changing, though. Bob should have told you by now we have a dagger that should not exist. Was the alien Player here in all timelines you're familiar with, as well?

There's another possible end, Steve. Another way things end is that we seal the daemon realm and then the world slowly becomes uninhabitable. I'm assuming this is caused by the runes being deactivated or destroyed or removed or something.
>>
No. 581111 ID: d0e0a2

Steve, you really should treat Drina with a bit more respect. She is Dooriya's sister and Dooriya loves her after all, so treating her as such does not reflect well on you. Also remember that you will eventually be mortal over here and that Drina will remember what you've done. So better to work to improve relations now before she bears a grudge, right?

Drina, would you please take some calming breaths here and look at the situation. You can't actually do anything to Steve; He's not even in the same world as you. The most you could have done here if Steve hadn't muffled you is yell a lot of obscenities and threats and beat up a cute doll. That doesn't reflect well on you. So be civil here and Steve'll take the muffler off, okay?

Okay, Steve, we have to say we're not sure about that future. We heard it from one of the guardian golems in the corridor leading to the Vault under the Serathian capitol and its sanity was questionable. According to it every time we got a future where we failed we have gone back, restoring the world to the way it was to try again. But the memories of those golems weren't reverted; They remember every cycle. Them and every other ancient golem guardian. And it wants it to end. It wanted Jericho to order them to destroy themselves.

It told us of three possible futures: The first is the Blood God and his allies win and kill most everyone in the world; Only the scattered barbarian tribes survive to take over. The second future is the one you heard. The third is that the world withers away, resources dry up, and the very sun fades and dies. All due to something we do. My guess is we try to break the game in such a way as to prevent either of the first two futures and we fail.

Oh, also, we were prompted to check the Book for how this all ends by the Blood God. He spoke to us when we scanned Varius while we were in the labyrinth around the Vault in the highest Pillar of the Heavens. If you're wondering how we got up there, we have a king there by the name of Daniel that was the mountain guide for Varius.

And can you explain what the fuck is going on with space-time up there?! Not only is the labyrinth twisted up over itself like an extra-dimensional pretzel, but Daniel stumbled into a hallway with at least 36 identical Undead Captain Eric the Fair Haireds, and then his intelligent undead self from a future where the Blood God won showed up. Seriously, things are whack up there.

Ah, and I have an idea for how to get a daemon's future sight to see past the sealing of the daemon realm, but you're not going to like it. A daemon will have to stay behind on this side. And not in one of those flawed Harvesters either; It'll have to be a full blown one. But if it does stay then it should see what will happen after, right?

Has Bob spoken to you yet? He said he was going to call a meeting of the daemons of your side about the alien newcomer to the world and what to do about it. And there was another thing. There's a dagger that Jericho had that when Bob saw it he freaked out. He said it was all wrong; That it shouldn't exist. That he didn't see it coming, and that if the world was a chessboard, that dagger was like a saw through it. I'd figure that'd be big enough news to call an emergency meeting.

...But I suppose Jericho having such a dagger doesn't matter anymore 'cause we blew it, he's dead, and we're not going to be able to get back to his time-line in any way to use the dagger. We're really sorry we botched things there and lost the greater rune to the Dark One in that time-line.

Now, Steve, you wanted to speak with Bradford about something?

>Keystones and lesser runes cannot be reused after opening either a lesser or a major vault.
Ah, so nine keystones in total are needed to open the greater rune vault, not eight. Good to know.
>>
No. 581163 ID: 40935b

>If that thing turn into a tentacle or something I will eat his freaking head!
Man, why'd you have to perpetuate the stereotype.

>I’LL MURDER YOU, YOU SON O-
Really? With what, the magic sword that he gave you and has power over? I can understand if you want to be protective of your family, but that's way out of line. Honestly, you should know by now to intimidate people subtly without shouting death threats. You're better than this.

>“Look within yourself”.
What? That doesn't even mean anything! Literally every word in that sentence could apply to more people, places, things and contexts than I care to elaborate on. That's not even solid information or a full fledged prophesy- It's just advice!

Steve, we successfully made contact with the new god in- I'm not sure if it's the past or future anymore. Anyway, he doesn't speak the language, but we've managed some communication. We're currently hiding him from fanatical daemon hunters.
>>
No. 581164 ID: 9ddf68

huh, a golden mantis. I've seen a red lizard before but the golden mantis is new.

But yeah back in the dessert/ now a freakin jungle where we learned of these things we may have botch it... badly. We got to the vault with our king, got pass the guardians, got past the first of the three test, got a history lesson and a glimpse of futures that may be, and our king promptly got his core ripped the fuck out in the second test. As for how... Up till that point every fight we've been in has either been shrouded in so many illusions that we started to question every little hiccup on illusions, ambushes, or sneak attacks, and the one time it was a straight up fight we didn't believe it because it was to simple from everything else up to that point where if we tried to brute force our way through we'd have lost our king long ago. So we over thought it and lost our king... How badly is that going to mess up your plans?
>>
No. 581248 ID: 65a774
File 140379081913.png - (17.56KB , 900x450 , 6.png )
581248

>Because the more common daemon form we see them take is absolutely terrifying, generally looking like a black bipedal beast three times the size of a man with giant claws and drooling maw filled with teeth sharper than an obsidian blade?
:LightUNB: That’s another reason, yes.
:BradfordUNB: But that sounded a lot more metal!
:LightUNB: …what does iron have to do with anything?
>Steve, you really should treat Drina with a bit more respect.
:LightUNB: Um… did I disrespect her? Then please accept my apologies. I was only trying to spare our ears from her… outburst. But as you wish, I’ll unmuffle her.
:DrinaUNB: -in the alps with a pig!!
>huh, a golden mantis.
:DrinaUNB: It’s just a sack of shit filled with straw!
:LightUNB: Admit it, you feel better after “killing” it?
:DrinaUNB: …yes, yes I do…
>Really? With what, the magic sword that he gave you and has power over?
:DrinaUNB: Err… well… I was-
>I can understand if you want to be protective of your family, but that's way out of line.
:DrinaUNB: …fine, fine… I’ll tolerate you for now, demon, but if you so much look at her funny…!
:LightUNB: I’ll treat the lady with respect, trust me my dear Drina.

>It sounds like sealing the daemon realm when no daemons are on this side will result in all daemons being completely cut off from the world, or whatever enables your future sight.
:LightUNB: That’s about right, yes… except…
>I have an idea for how to get a daemon's future sight to see past the sealing of the daemon realm, but you're not going to like it. A daemon will have to stay behind on thi-
:LightUNB: We have already tried that… we live in several times at once, remember? No, even if we were to be cut off from this realm we would still be able to see the future of our own realm but… it’s just ends.
>What was the situation last time the daemon realm was sealed off?
:LightUNB: Last time we should still see our own world… heck, we would even see your world several decades in the future… you know, the current present. But this time… it’s just… poof, gone…

>We’ve been told three possible futures: The first is the Blood God and his allies win and kill most everyone in the world; Only the scattered barbarian tribes survive to take over.
:LightUNB: That’s… not entirely true. They will not kill so much as capture and… um… they only capture about 45% of the population of this world so… that’s not “most” really… I mean, the lands far to the south will be entirely untouched by the ravaging and… um… I’m going on a bit of a spiel aren’t I?
>The third is that the world withers away, resources dry up, and the very sun fades and dies. All due to something we do.
:LightUNB: That’s… odd… yes, it does sound like you ruins the balance in the world but… how?
>As for how we know this... we got it from someone whose mind is not reset when we load our game. You see, we've been trying to save this world multiple times. Each time we've failed and reset reality so that we'd have another try.
:LightUNB: …reset reality? …you actually… wait… does that mean all the timelines we live in actually happen, but in the end you just… um… this is news to me that should change how we look at this world… hmm…

>Can you explain what the fuck is going on with space-time up in the mountains?! Not only is the labyrinth twisted up over itself like an extra-dimensional pretzel, but Daniel stumbled into a hallway with at least 36 identical Undead Captain Eric the Fair Haireds, and then his intelligent undead self from a future where the Blood God won showed up.
:LightUNB: Oh, it’s because it’s the place closes connected to our world. Therefore some of the ways we experience the world seeps out and… changes things. Wait… did you say he met his undead, intelligent self? How in the- Daniel was never turned into an intelligent undead! Varius doesn’t have the tools to… but… Are you sure it was Daniel and not someone else? Never mind, you’ll see proof that it can’t have been Daniel you met later today anyway…
>Has Bob spoken to you yet? He said he was going to call a meeting of the daemons of your side about the alien newcomer to the world and what to do about it.
:LightUNB: Spoken about wh- no, he haven’t… but… I know about this new god but… um… I haven’t actually experience the past yet this time around so it’s fully possible that he already has told me…
:AnnaUNB: Damn, you guys are weird.
>Bob should have told you by now we have a dagger that should not exist.
:LightUNB: …that, on the other hand, I haven’t heard about.

>Now, Steve, you wanted to speak with Bradford about something?
:LightUNB: Oh, right… I have a mission of some importance. The cult will be transporting some very valuable cargo later today that you need to intercept.
:DooriyaUNB: So, we should steal the cargo?
:LightUNB: No, you will have to destroy it.
:AnnaUNB: Can’t we just hit them with a catapult or something, then?
:LightUNB: Well… no… not exactly. I… I should have said destroy it and free it. Your mission is threefold: First you have to find the cargo, destroy the equipment and then free the captives they have taken.
:BradfordUNB: So they got sacrifices?
:LightUNB: Yes, in a sense. Your second goal is to take out their leader… you’ll know who it is when you see him… and third, which is the most important, there will be two male mantis cultists among them. I need you to take at least one of them alive and bring them back.
:BradfordUNB: So… attack the cargo shipment, kill the leader and take a male mantis hostage?
:LightUNB: That’s right… now, Captain Andrzej got all the details so seek him out… and don’t rush, you got several hours before the cargo leaves the safety of one of their hideouts. Now, any questions before you march away to your untimely demise… I mean, to glory?
:BradfordUNB: Err…
:LightUNB: That was a joke. Don’t read too much into it.

Insert Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
>>
No. 581252 ID: dbe554

Can you tell us how well armed they are
>>
No. 581259 ID: 40935b

>That’s… odd… yes, it does sound like you ruins the balance in the world but… how?
We've always been unbalanced, ba dum tss. It's also possible that the daemon was talking about an inevitability- even if it takes millions of years, the world has to end at some point. I fail to see any balance in this world we could upset- except in the second case, where the nations of the world war against each other.

>Never mind, you’ll see proof that it can’t have been Daniel you met later today anyway…
That's... ominous. I'm guessing we shouldn't have given him that keystone.

Destroying property, freeing hostages, and killing cultists all sounds simple enough. The only things I can think of to make things easier is to set up an ambush and bring plenty of firebombs. Capturing someone alive will be slightly more tricky. We should ask Jal for some kind of potion or poison that can knock someone out quickly so Vlad can use it with his arrows.

Is there any other information we should know? Do you know how they're transporting everything, how many there will be, and how many daemon spawn will be there?
>>
No. 581266 ID: dbe554

Also since we havn't spoken of it, the blade we have absolutely put the fear into Bob, and Bradford's "metal" is a slang term for something incredibly dark but cool. Bradford is a bit odd like that.
>>
No. 581269 ID: e3589e

>>581248
important details:
what is the cargo to be destroyed?
what do the captives look like?
>>
No. 581272 ID: d0e0a2

In case you didn't know already, while in the Serath our king had a vision of the Dark One's plans while under the influence of one of the Dark One's wraith's illusions. Could one of you guys repeat it to Steve for us. Of course any such 'vision' has to be taken with a massive grain of salt, but just to be sure has the Vildman leader that's meeting the Order and Serathians been completely vetted? Like, quadruple-checked if he's a Shape Stealer and all his movements and actions scrutinized?

We also received a vision right before we shifted back to this time period. Again, could one of you repeat what we told you about it to Steve, with the addendum the knight was wearing purple-gray armor with ice blue boots, gauntlets and pauldrons. It's likely a portent of something that will happen or a vision of something that has already happened. Either way, whoever and whatever that human knight is is very likely going to be big trouble for us.

>That’s… odd… yes, it does sound like you ruins the balance in the world but… how?
We break one of the Greater Runes? Or try to use them together in some way to avoid the other two futures and fail, breaking them? I dunno.

>No, even if we were to be cut off from this realm we would still be able to see the future of our own realm but… it’s just ends.
Hmmm... That makes we wonder: Do the Blood God and his allies have the same cutoff? Since the futures they'd see are with the daemon realm still open then if their vision cuts off as well it means it's something other than sealing away the realm that causes the cutoff. Of course we can't trust anything they say so I dunno how we could find out.

Have you considered trying a change in your strategy so that it doesn't require the sealing of the Daemon Realm? Something where you beat back the Blood God and his ilk and keep knocking them down?

>How in the- Daniel was never turned into an intelligent undead!
Well, fuck, 'cause Daniel gave undead-Daniel the cyan keystone to carry it into the depths of the labyrinth. We probably handed it over to Shape Stealer 'cause we didn't know about Shape Stealers then... Though... Daniel checked if Undead-Daniel was him by asking what Daniel was thinking there and Undead-Daniel got it right. So how did it do that? Also, Undead-Daniel scanned as "[“The Sacrifice” belongs to future player Teal (Defeated)!], which is probably not right 'cause I'd think pawns of defeated players would be released, not stuck claimed. Well, whatever. We'll find out just how much we screwed up later today.

>They will not kill so much as capture and… um… they only capture about 45% of the population of this world so…
I figured that was what they were going to do since killing the population didn't make any sense long-term. Lemme guess: They're planning to stick 'em in some kind of life-support tank with a perpetual illusion over 'em that keeps 'em terrified and such to keep the energy flowing. (A la The Matrix.) Either that or forgo the life-support, turn 'em into undead and make a whole lot of something similar to those Undead Energy Sources we saw keeping The Human in Green going.

I think that's it for now. We'll go see Andrzej, ask him the details of the mission and get a plan together. Oh, and we should ask him what he knows about that other Windwalker that looks a lot like Brad. Actually, Steve, do you know anything about that you'd care to share now?

Well, Anna, what'd you think meeting Steve? Weird enough for ya?
>>
No. 581276 ID: d8a627

>We have already tried that… we live in several times at once, remember?
Have you ever tried creating a seal that allows only a very small number of demons through, and never the ultra-powerful? Is that even possible, or would that be the kind of action that breaks the world?
I mean, it sounds plausible--We'd prevent the war caused by the lack of demons by allowing some through, but we'd prevent them from destroying the world themselves by only allowing a few (relatively speaking) through.
I definitely want to avoid simply creating new gods, that sounds a lot more plausible cause for the world's stagnation and rotting than a demon filter.
>Daniel checked if Undead-Daniel was him by asking what Daniel was thinking there and Undead-Daniel got it right.
Can't Shapestealers steal memories by drinking out the brain?
>I'd think pawns of defeated players would be released, not stuck claimed.
I did a little sifting through our memory and when we lost Jericho, our King, while lacking any pawns, we were defeated, and yet we kept going on. The Sacrifice might be a similar piece to The Pebble.
>>
No. 581277 ID: 65a774
File 140380754879.png - (19.48KB , 900x450 , 7.png )
581277

>In case you didn't know already, while in the Serath our king had a vision of the Dark One's plans while under the influence of one of the Dark One's wraith's illusions. Could one of you guys repeat it to Steve for us?
:LightUNB: Do not believe his lies… please…
>Have you considered trying a change in your strategy so that it doesn't require the sealing of the Daemon Realm? Something where you beat back the Blood God and his ilk and keep knocking them down?
:LightUNB: Creating an endless civil war isn’t really something we hope to achieve… besides, we can’t really stop them from entering this side.
> Have you ever tried creating a seal that allows only a very small number of demons through, and never the ultra-powerful? Is that even possible, or would that be the kind of action that breaks the world?
:LightUNB: How? We can’t create a seal ourselves and the power of the gods seal is way beyond our power to manipulate. No, we are not needed for this world to thrive. Sealing it completely is probably our best bet.
>Since we havn't spoken of it, the blade we have absolutely put the fear into Bob.
:LightUNB: Really? Then I might need to seek him out for a bit of a talk, won’t I?
>Steve, do you know anything about the murders last night that you'd care to share now?
:LightUNB: …I know that you’ll find it quite interesting soon enough.
:AnnaUNB: Stop being so cryptic! GEEZ!!
>Well, Anna, what'd you think meeting Steve? Weird enough for ya?
:AnnaUNB: It feels like I’m in a badly written fantasy novel!

>Do you know how they're transporting everything.
:LightUNB: Well… they are using carts…
:AnnaUNB: Pulled by what?
:LightUNB: …they aren’t really pulled so much… actually, you know what, it’s a surprise, that’s what it is! It’s nothing dangerous; so far I can tell you.
>How many there will be.
:LightUNB: A dozen, maybe? Maybe more?
>Can you tell us how well armed they are?
:LightUNB: Mostly cultist with either crossbows or swords, but expect a bunch of undead too…
>how many daemon spawn will be there?
:LightUNB: None or many, depending of what you mean by “Daemon spawn”. Do cultists count?
>A vision with a knight that was wearing purple-gray armor with ice blue boots, gauntlets and pauldrons.
:LightUNB: …well, I guess it will be less of a surprise of what you’ll be meeting out there then. They probably got a death knight with them, yes.
>What is the cargo to be destroyed?
:LightUNB: Tools and the like for their wicked experiments. Just burn everything to the ground. That’s the only way to be sure you destroyed it all.
>What do the captives look like?
:LightUNB: How should I know!? All I know is there are probably people they have captured that are in chains so free them before you start any fires.
>Lemme guess: They're planning to stick 'em in some kind of life-support tank with a perpetual illusion over 'em that keeps 'em terrified and such to keep the energy flowing.
:LightUNB: …well, now you know what the majority of the cargo will be.
:BradfordUNB: Eternally tortured people!?
:LightUNB: They probably haven’t inserted the people into the tanks yet but… they will be if you fail.

>The only things I can think of to make things easier is to set up an ambush and bring plenty of firebombs.
:BradfordUNB: So long as we don’t burn all those captives.
:DrinaUNB: We’ll just have to hit everyone but the cart with people then.
>Capturing someone alive will be slightly more tricky. We should ask Jal for some kind of potion or poison that can knock someone out quickly so Vlad can use it with his arrows.
:DrinaUNB: …arrows generally kill people.
:AnnaUNB: I’m sure he got some kind of sleeping potion or something, considering how bad he is at flirting.
:DrinaUNB: …wait, what do y-
:AnnaUNB: Nothing!
:LightUNB: Now, I leave this mission on your hands, voices. Please pick whatever team you deem suitable and do whatever preparations you think are necessary.
:DooriyaUNB: I for one is staying put. Got an arm t-
:LightUNB: Actually, my sweet butterfly, I’ll need you to go with them.
:DrinaUNB: What!? But sh-
:LightUNB: She is fine, except for her arm looking a bit… freakish. Now, remember, the caravan you’ll be hitting won’t leave until about six hours from now, so no need to hurry… yet…



:AlexUNB: *Gruble* I will never drink again… ow… and I’ll never get the room next to that horny son of a thrall Jal again!
:UnknownKAK: Have you seen this woman? Named Ann-Sofie Tempest? Blond, blue eyes… perky set of-
:StenUNB: Um… yeah, she was her yesterday. I believe she’s a recruit with the order. Why are you looking for her?
:UnknownKAK: By the order of his Excellency, King Eric the second, Lord of Järgien, in the light of his supreme wisdom, has decreed that Ann-Sofie Tempest to be a traitor against the crown and needs to be put to death without trail!
:StenUNB:
:AlexUNB: …wait what?

Insert Well, shit…_
>>
No. 581280 ID: d8a627

So, rather than punishing Bradford, Anne gets punished for being his apprentice? I'm getting the feeling there's a Shapestealer or impostor of whatever various form (could just be a person dressing up and claiming to be somebody) somewhere along the chain of command to these soldiers--Possibly the soldiers themselves.

In other news: I thought those were giant boobs on Alex, not crossed arms, and Steve puts too much trust in the stability of the sapient.
>>
No. 581287 ID: 2fd516

>>581277
[scan those present]
Good to hear that Jal managed to avoid getting drunk after all. This might turn his life around. Did Vlad wake you up? We sent him to check on you.

Ask how a clumsy unskilled girl like her could possibly be a traitor in any significant manner. Also, ask for proof that their orders are legit.
>>
No. 581293 ID: 40935b

>put to death without trial!
What.

Don't let them know you know her. Just ask 'Without trial? What did she do?' or something similarly noncommittal. It looks like both Brad and Anna are wanted for things it's unlikely they committed, so it's likely there are shape-stealers on the loose.

Has Vlad shown up yet? We sent him looking for you. You were late to practice, along with Mikhail.

We've got a new assignment from Steve, and we need a potion that can knock out a mantis quickly. The rest is just breaking stuff and hurting people, which most of the others can handle, but we need at lest one particular cultist taken alive.
>>
No. 581294 ID: 2fd516

I think Vlad is just arriving, actually...
>>
No. 581306 ID: d0e0a2

[Scan gaudily armored human and lizard]

Hello, Alexandra. Well, this is surprising. I have no idea what Anna could have done to be declared a traitor. And no trial? That just screams King Eric wants to make sure nobody scrutinizes his reasons. There's definitely something going on here.

Have you heard any news related to King Eric or the royal family recently that might be connected to this decree? What can you tell us of King Eric the Second? This kind of decree highly unsual or what?

Ask the knights what Anna did that was so traitorous that King Eric decreed she be killed without trial. Be curious but don't act like you know her. You don't want them to think you know Anna. DON'T ask what >>581287 says to ask, and definitely do not ask for proof their orders are legit. The Order or some other official will have reason to do so, but not you.

Looks like Vlad has just arrived. Good. We just got a mission from Lightbringer: intercept a cultist caravan, release the prisoners it's carrying, destroy its cargo, kill the cultist leader on it and capture at least one of two male mantis cultists on board. We're gonna need you two as well as Lord Ranger Mikhail and Jal's alchemical expertise on this one, so please go roust them from his room and get 'em to the Cathedral. We've only got about five hours to plan and prep, so be quick about it.

We also want to get back to the Cathedral to alert Anna before the king's men descend on it. I don't know how much the Order can protect Anna when it's the king who wants her. They can't pull something like what they did with Alexi and the Von Zolners... Oh, right! Alexandra, you haven't heard yet. Alexi and his goons committed crimes here worthy of death, so the Archbishop dealt with them in a way that wouldn't put your family against the Order. As long as nothing unforeseen happens then all your family will know is that Alexi and his men chased you out into the wilds against the Order's advice and you and them were all killed by the undead. You'll need to keep your head down until you get a new identity, but otherwise you're free!

>>581293
Yeah, it's quite possible that Shape Stealers are involved somehow. Maybe one impersonated Anna and did something traitorous that resulted in her family being killed. We definitely need to ask her about this.
>>
No. 581312 ID: 65a774
File 140381806720.png - (20.00KB , 900x450 , 8.png )
581312

>[scan those present]
[Neutral Creature (Friendly): Sten the innkeeper.]
[Neutral Creature (Neutral): Bar patron.]
[Neutral Creature (Neutral): City Guard.] x2

>Oh, right! Alexandra, you haven't heard yet. Alexi and his goons committed crimes here worthy of death, so the Archbishop dealt with them in a way that wouldn't put your family against the Order.
Really?
>You'll need to keep your head down until you get a new identity, but otherwise you're free!
Knowing my family they won’t just stop. I’m pretty sure they will blame the order for Alexis death even if they weren’t responsible.

>Have you heard any news related to King Eric or the royal family recently that might be connected to this decree?
He’s a king, there’s always some ball or banquet going on up in that castle. But, he lives on the other side of the country so…
>What can you tell us of King Eric the Second? This kind of decree highly unusual or what?
Well, I’ve never heard of him executing someone like this. That’s what the courts are for, after all.
>In other news: I thought those were giant boobs on Alex, not crossed arms.
I’m a freaking lizard, how am I supposed to have breast!?
>It looks like both Brad and Anna are wanted for things it's unlikely they committed, so it's likely there are shape-stealers on the loose.
Wait, Brad is wanted too!? Ugh, what kind of mess do I have to save them from this time?

>Has Vlad shown up yet? We sent him looking for you. You were late to practice, along with Mikhail.
He just entered the Inn, I can see him from here. As for Mikhail… well, she’s a loud girl…
>Good to hear that Jal managed to avoid getting drunk after all. This might turn his life around.
Yeah, right… he’ll go right back to drinking, you’ll see…
>We just got a mission from Lightbringer: intercept a cultist caravan, release the prisoners it's carrying, destroy its cargo, kill the cultist leader on it and capture at least one of two male mantis cultists on board.
Welp, another day in the army, I guess…
>We've got a new assignment from Steve, and we need a potion that can knock out a mantis quickly.
Give Jal ten to twenty minutes to clean up and I’m sure he can mix something up.

>Don't let them know you know her. Just ask 'Without trial? What did she do?' or something similarly noncommittal.
:UnknownKAK: She committed high treason against the crown! No don’t need to-
:UnknownKAK: That monster murdered her own parents in cold blood and then pinned the blame on her own sister! HER OWN SISTER, for IO’s sake!
:UnknownKAK: …dammit, shut it!
:AlexUNB: Wait, how is that treason?
:UnknownKAK: Her sister was the commander of the guard before her execution. All commanders of the guard in Järgien serve the crown and are considered members of the royal army.
:StenUNB: Do you actually have proof you’re from the crown?
:UnknownKAK: We are the holy legion, the royal army, the right hand of his excellency, the king, himself!
:UnknownKAK: We also have these orders with the official royal seal.
:StenUNB: That’s a very sealing looking seal.
:AlexUNB: You mean official looking…
:UnknownKAK: It’s also very royal looking.
:UnknownKAK: Dammit man, stop making a fool of yourself!

>I'm getting the feeling there's an impostor of whatever various form (could just be a person dressing up and claiming to be somebody) somewhere along the chain of command to these soldiers--Possibly the soldiers themselves.
Hmm… yes… something isn’t right here… I mean, I’m pretty sure I’ve seen Jal fake more complex seals then this with half a potato.

:VladUNB: Um… good morning Alexandra… um… you look… err… ra-
:AlexUNB: Not now, Vlad.
:VladUNB: Oh…

Insert Po-ta-ters! Boil them, smash them, stick them in a stew!_
>>
No. 581314 ID: 0ee153

Anyone opposed to just killing them?
>>
No. 581319 ID: d8a627

>Dammit man, stop making a fool of yourself!
...Well, that really makes them sound like they're the imposters, but let's not jump to conclusions. Either you aren't sure where this Ann-Sofie Tempest is, she's somewhere in the opposite direction, or you're pretty sure she's still with the Order. I'm sure the Order should be able to handle things, right?
>>
No. 581320 ID: 9ddf68

>>581314
well if they actually are from the royal army then killing them whether or not they're being tricked or not would probably only send more of them here which would just make things a bigger pain in the ass. I think we should try to look into this more before we commit to anything. We just have to make sure to keep them away from Anna and probably Brad as well until we got something we can use. and on that note

[message to Brad: Stop Anna from freaking out]
[message to Anna: Don't freak out but some guys claiming to be from the royal army are looking for you because they say you have committed treason, as such avoid people wearing white armor with a gold trim.]
>>
No. 581322 ID: 2fd516

>>581312
Wait, those are their orders? Are they still sealed? If it's still sealed then how do they know what their orders are?

Whatever the case I don't think this is a good time to confront them. We should probably bring them to the Order. Then the fight will be on our side. ...wait actually Mikhail just showed up. Looking very satisfied. She can probably take them. Ask her if she knows what the royal seal looks like.
>>
No. 581324 ID: 2fd516

>>581320
We can't send messages to pawns! Only players.
>>
No. 581326 ID: 9ddf68

>>581324
I could have sworn we've done it before.
>>
No. 581336 ID: 40935b

And here's Mikhail now.
...I've decided I don't want to know what that face is supposed to mean.

That story is sketchy as hell and the one guard telling the other to keep quiet makes it worse, plus Anna said that her sister died saving her life. We should make sure they're not being misled before trying to attack them.

Vlad, you go to Jal's room and make sure he doesn't come down here and start running his mouth. And tell him we'll need something that can knock out a mantis cultist that needs to be taken alive.
>>
No. 581337 ID: 65a774
File 140382362148.png - (20.08KB , 900x450 , 9.png )
581337

>[message to Brad: Stop Anna from freaking out]
[Error!]

>Wait, those are their orders? Are they still sealed?
No, the seal is next to the signature… you know, to show that they aren’t a forgery.
>Anyone opposed to just killing them?
…killing people just like that will probably have some real bad consequences… like death, for example.
>...Well, that really makes them sound like they're the imposters, but let's not jump to conclusions.
Either they are imposters and the lady lizard is inept at it, or they are the real deal and she’s just inept period.
>Mikhail just showed up. Looking very satisfied.
As loud as she was I hope so…

>Ask her if she knows what the royal seal looks like.
>She can probably take them.
:AlexUNB: Hey, Lord Ranger? Can you take care of these two?
:MikhailUNB: Oh? Royal guard, eh? What is your business here?
:UnknownKAK: We are here on the order of his excellency-
:MikhailUNB: Just give me the orders.
:UnknownKAK: err… here… Ma’am…
:MikhailUNB: Hmm… well, it seems to be in order… and that looks like the official seal too… Right, follow me to the Order headquarters and we’ll sort it out there.


:VladUNB: Was she walking funny?
:AlexUNB: She’s got something stuck in her butt… trust me, I’d know.
:VladUNB: …oh… wait she got what up her- WAIT, HOW DO YOU-
:JalUNB: LADIES~ …oh, and Alex…
:AlexUNB: Alexandra.
:VladUNB: Did you just call me a la-
:JalUNB: Barkeep! Give me something strong… and a bottle of wine to go!
:StenUNB: By the Thane, lad, she’s barely nine!
:JalUNB: Exacly! I got a lot of drinking to catch up too!

Insert A drinker and a gentle- actually, he’s just a drunk_
>>
No. 581350 ID: 40935b

You're far too innocent for your own good, Vlad.

Jal, no. Bad drunk. We need something that can knock out a couple of cultists for us, and we need it done right. Could you at least lay off the sauce for like as long as that takes?
>>
No. 581392 ID: dbe554

Come on Jal, we were trying so hard to keep you off the sauce! You managed to do some glorious things without being hungover, without being drunk!
>>
No. 581395 ID: 2fd516

>>581337
Jal, why do you want to drink now? It sounds like it's just out of habit. That's not a good idea- you should drink when there's a reason to drink. Plus, we need your help right now. We need some sort of sleeping agent so we can kidnap a cultist.

I'm proud of you that you managed to stay sober for Mikhail. You can reward yourself if you like but keep in mind if you want to keep tapping the Lord Ranger you're gonna have to be sober for her when she wants you to be sober.
>>
No. 581485 ID: d0e0a2

Vlad, you're a smart young guy, so I'm sure if you stop and think about it for a moment you'll figure out just what was up Mikhail's butt from where she just came from and what Alexandra said. And no hints, Jal!

I see you delivered on the bed magics in spades, Jal. We could tell when Mikhail came down she was feeling very... satisfied~ So, how was it? Where would you rank your encounter on your lifetime list? I'd bet it was better than you've had in a long while. Totally worth going sober for, right?

Could you stay sober for a few hours more for us? We have need of your alchemical brilliance for a mission and we'd love to see what you could do while off the booze. If what we've seen you do in the field while drunk is any indication then you sober in a fully equipped lab will be nothing short of staggering genius. Oh, and you could probably get a quickie from Mikhail at lunchtime too.

Now, we've got some ideas for this. We have to capture at least one of two male mantis cultists alive, so we need a fast acting tranquilizer. Doesn't have to last long; Just long enough to tie 'em up. Could you modify an arrow with a dosed needle on the end for Vlad to shoot? We'd use knockout gas but there's going to be prisoners we have to release as well and if they're knocked out it'll be tough to get them to safety.

We're also going to need to utterly destroy the caravan's cargo, so what could you whip up that'll burn real hot that could be spread over it? Hmmm... How good are you at making explosives? We're gonna be facing some tough targets out there, so bringin' the boom will really help. Just as long as it's not too indiscriminate. I'm thinkin' explosive arrows for Vlad. Ones where the explosives are right in or behind the head and trigger right after the arrow is buried in the enemy. Boom! Instant chunky salsa! And it's a targeted explosion too. Also good for blowing out the wheels on the carts.

What else? Smoke bombs would really help with keeping the enemy ranged from targeting us. Could you make us a bomb that'd make a blinding flash of light and deafening bang to disorient the enemy as well? A flash-bang, if you will. Well, that's all I can think of. You got any ideas to throw in, Jal?

There's no way I can mentally reconcile the scatterbrained Anna we know with what the royal guards said she did. I mean... Can any of us even remotely believe she murdered her parents in cold blood then successfully pinned it on her sister who also happened to be the captain of the guard? And that she pinned it on her so well that it lasted all the way through the trial and execution and then only afterwards did they figure out Anna did it? The odds on that are so long it's ridiculous!

...Wait a second. Those two scanned as city guards, not royal guards. Somethin' ain't right there. Might just be our scan screwing up, but those two guards definitely need some extra scrutiny on them.

Hey, Jal, how hard is it to forge the official royal seal of King Eric the Second? What about the signature? Or how hard would it be to get a official document with the real seal and signature and alchemically wash all the ink but the signature off and reuse it? Well, whatever the answers are we definitely should get a document that has a known legit seal and signature and compare them to the ones on those orders. And test that the sealing wax is the same as well.
>>
No. 581505 ID: 2fd516

...wait a minute. It's been a while so I went back and checked- Anna said her sister died protecting her. That means she isn't claiming her sister did the murdering. Something is wrong.

I think we might have to go talk to Anna and get her to tell the Order her story before the guards come to execute her. The High Ranger won't have any interest in keeping Anna out of trouble, she's not really an ally. She may even cause trouble for us if we can't get the Order talking to her before she finds Anna.
>>
No. 581512 ID: d0e0a2

>>581505
And back when Anna was in the sauna with Brad and Vlad she mentioned she's the youngest of three daughters. I'd think that her killing her sister as well as her parents would be something the royal guards would have said.
>>
No. 581517 ID: 65a774
File 140388771979.png - (19.12KB , 900x450 , 10.png )
581517

>Vlad, you're a smart young guy, so I'm sure if you stop and think about it for a moment you'll figure out just what was up Mikhail's butt from where she just came from and what Alexandra said. And no hints, Jal!
:VladUNB: …oh… OH… she… you… um… that’s…
:JalUNB: Oh, there’s more than that up there. She brought a toy to make sure it stayed inside for the rest of the d-
:AlexUNB: JAL!
>I see you delivered on the bed magics in spades, Jal. We could tell when Mikhail came down she was feeling very... satisfied~
:JalUNB: Oh, what a night… and morning. She wasn’t satisfied until I’d filled all three of her ho-
:AlexUNB: Dammit, Jal, we don’t need to know this!
>So, how was it? Where would you rank your encounter on your lifetime list? I'd bet it was better than you've had in a long while.
:JalUNB: Oh, let me tell you… I think I’m in love~
:AlexUNB: …what!? Oh, for fuck sake, not this again! Do you remember last time you fell in love after a quick f-
:JalUNB: But this is different, Alex, this is tr-
:AlexUNB: Just like last time… and the time before that… but every time you end up in a ditch drinking your sorrows away…
:JalUNB: This is different, trust me.
>Oh, and you could probably get a quickie from Mikhail at lunchtime too.
:JalUNB: While tempting, I’ve already done her three times already, two times last night and one this morning, so I’m a bit sore right now…
:AlexUNB: *Ugh*…
:JalUNB: I started with her mouth, pum-
:AlexUNB: Jal, dear, if you say one more word about your bed adventure, I will punch you.
:JalUNB: Oh, you’re ju-
:AlexUNB: Down there.
:JalUNB: …I’ll be good…

>Jal, no. Bad drunk.
:JalUNB: Hey, it’s just one glass!
:VladUNB: And a bottle?
:JalUNB: Glass and a bottle! …oh, and can you throw in some-
:AlexUNB: Jal…
>Jal, why do you want to drink now? It sounds like it's just out of habit.
:JalUNB: Hey, I like drinking! The flavor of most alcohols are-
:AlexUNB: You just want to get smashed so you can forget how much your life sucks…
:JalUNB: Oh, hush you…
>You can reward yourself if you like but keep in mind if you want to keep tapping the Lord Ranger you're gonna have to be sober for her when she wants you to be sober.
:JalUNB: Hey, I can quit whenever I want too.
:AlexUNB: HA!

>We need something that can knock out a couple of cultists for us, and we need it done right. Could you at least lay off the sauce for like as long as that takes?
:JalUNB: But I work better when I’m in a buzz… how about I just take that wine bottle?
:AlexUNB: Jal…
:JalUNB: Fine, just a glass then.
:AlexUNB: You can have a glass of wine when you’re done. No sooner.
:JalUNB: But… but… I want it now…
>Could you modify an arrow with a dosed needle on the end for Vlad to shoot?
:JalUNB: Hey, did you want them dead or just knocked out, because arrows tends to make people the former… no, I… hmm… I have some ideas but I’ll see what I can cook up.
>We're also going to need to utterly destroy the caravan's cargo, so what could you whip up that'll burn real hot that could be spread over it?
:JalUNB: Oh, I got just the thing…
>Hmmm... How good are you at making explosives? We're gonna be facing some tough targets out there, so bringin' the boom will really help.
:JalUNB: Combined with explosives? Oh, this is going to be good…

>Hey, Jal, how hard is it to forge the official royal seal of King Eric the Second? What about the signature?
:JalUNB: Ha, I’m sure someone that’s good with a knife can fake that thing with a potato. As for the signature… well, it’s harder to fake, yes, but why fake it? The king don’t really sing anything less dire then an immediate execution of a traitor of the crown or something like that, and it isn’t often you see something like that, right? Just make it official looking and it will fool people. Now… um… why are you asking this again?
>Or how hard would it be to get a official document with the real seal and signature and alchemically wash all the ink but the signature off and reuse it?
:JalUNB: that’s… um… let’s just say it would probably be easier to steal the paper while the king was writing on it that washing it like that.
>There's no way I can mentally reconcile the scatterbrained Anna we know with what the royal guards said she did.
:JalUNB: Wait… what?
:AlexUNB: That “immediate execution of a traitor” you were talking about? Yeah…
:VladUNB: There has to have been some error somewhere… you know, maybe we should write a letter and ask the king?
:AlexUNB: …dammit, Vlad, stop being so naïve and innocent.

>I think we might have to go talk to Anna and get her to tell the Order her story before the guards come to execute her.
:AlexUNB: They aren’t going to execute her just like that. They got to check the legitimate of the claim and make preparations and all that… at earliest whatever execution they got planned will happened tomorrow.
:VladUNB: But we will stop that, right?
:AlexUNB: Right. Hmm… so, where is Anna right now?
:JalUNB: So… um… I’ll just go and start making stuff for your miss-
:AlexUNB: Jal… tell me, do you have any alcohol hidden in your room?
:JalUNB: Err… no?

Insert Can you name your demon?_
>>
No. 581518 ID: d8a627

Jal, just save the stuff for after you've finished your job. I know, I know, you work better on a buzz, but hear me out: There'll be a ringing in your head telling you "get the booze." That ringing is a buzz. Work on it. Let it fuel you.

Technicalities, HO!
>>
No. 581519 ID: 0ee153

>>581517
Then I'm sure he won't mind if you go in and take all the alcohol.

>>581518
Word games are cute and all but that's not how addiction works.
>>
No. 581520 ID: dbe554

>>581519

Truth be told, it seems more like he's trying to drink his sorrows away, Jal you've been coming into things far better then normal, there's no need to drink yourself into a stupor. Your life has been improving by all merits.
>>
No. 581521 ID: 40935b

Jal, when we say 'we need something done right', that means 'If you fuck this up because you have shitty self-restraint and got plastered, Both we, Steve, and the order, will all be really goddamn fed up with your drinking problem.' Also you'll be working with explosives and you shouldn't do that drunk.

>Hey, did you want them dead or just knocked out, because arrows tends to make people the former
You underestimate Vlad's marksmanship. If that magic quiver has any tricks it can pull, it will be even easier.

Anna should still be at fighting practice. Try to give the news gently, she's still sensitive over the circumstances surrounding her sister's death.
>>
No. 581523 ID: 9ddf68

Jal... do we need to have someone watch you while you work so we can make sure that you don't pass out drunk before you can finish the fire bombs?

But yeah between Vlad and Alexandra, which one of you is faster? Because that person is now our runner to tell Anna that she's got some heat on her.
>>
No. 581524 ID: 65a774
File 140389696657.png - (17.53KB , 900x450 , 11.png )
581524

>Jal you've been coming into things far better then normal, there's no need to drink yourself into a stupor. Your life has been improving by all merits.
:JalUNB: Exactly! That’s why I have to celebrate with a drink! Just a small one! …please?
>There'll be a ringing in your head telling you "get the booze." That ringing is a buzz. Work on it. Let it fuel you.
:JalUNB: But that’s an annoying buzz… and the wrong kind of buzz! I want some sweet nectar to make the pai- err… I mean, make my mind focus on the whole.
>Jal, when we say 'we need something done right', that means 'If you fuck this up because you have shitty self-restraint and got plastered, Both we, Steve, and the order, will all be really goddamn fed up with your drinking problem.'
:JalUNB: Hey, trust me, I don’t got that big of a problem.

>Then I'm sure he won't mind if you go in and take all the alcohol.
:VladUNB: A wine bottle that’s half full… a small flask of whisky…
:JalUNB: Careful! That’s expensive!
:AlexUNB: Two flasks of ale… was that all?
:JalUNB: Yes! And I’m want those back later.
:AlexUNB:
:JalUNB: …ngt, fine! There’s a bottle of Schnapps behind the closet. That’s it… that’s e-everything…
:VladUNB: Are you sure?
:AlexUNB: He’s probably telling the truth. There aren’t many more places to hid bottles in here.
>You underestimate Vlad's marksmanship. If that magic quiver has any tricks it can pull, it will be even easier.
:JalUNB: Hmm… I don’t know… but I’ll see what I can do…



>Anna should still be at fighting practice. Try to give the news gently, she's still sensitive over the circumstances surrounding her sister's death.
:AnnaUNB: -you can’t just leave me behind again!
:BradfordUNB: You’re staying here and that’s final.
:AnnaUNB: But-
:BradfordUNB: No buts. You’re still to unskilled for real combat.
:DrinaUNB: Um… actually… she’s learning to handle a sword abnormally fast… she and Vladimir seems to almost master their new weapons without even any training…
:DooriyaUNB: Steve says it’s because they were chosen by the voices. It makes them stronger.
:BradfordUNB: Wait, it makes us stronger?
:AlexUNB: *Cough*
:DrinaUNB: Alexandra!? Where in the name of the Thane’s beard have you been!? We’re supposed to meet for practice hours ago!
:AlexUNB: Well…

Insert Power overwhelming_
>>
No. 581526 ID: 9ddf68

Anna is wanted for treason.

...what was I meant to brake that more gently? Because to guys from the royal army showed up at the bar asking for her saying she's wanted for killing her family and blaming her sister who was a commander of the guard in Järgien.

So if it get's her away from town it might be a good idea to take her out on this mission. Just have her act as auxiliary.
>>
No. 581530 ID: 2fd516

>>581524
Tell them you overslept. That is in fact the truth, lazybutt. Also that Anna probably won't be able to do anything today for other reasons.

Someone wake up that sleeping guard!

Anna, um. Soon you will be confronted over the matter of your family's death. It's best you tell us and the Order the full story so that you won't freeze up and fail to explain yourself when they come.

...actually shouldn't they have brought it up already? There's no way Alexandra got here before Mikhail.
>>
No. 581532 ID: dbe554

Wait we make you stronger? Huh, and here I thought we were just guidance.. and slight perversions, but that we actively make those who we have in our set of kings and pawns stronger? That's rather interesting.
>>
No. 581535 ID: d0e0a2

Better just tell Drina the truth, Alexandra. If you lie she will find out and it'll end up worse for you. And you do have a partial excuse for being late: We had you take time to wrangle Jal and de-booze his room so he wouldn't be doing the alchemical work for our mission inebriated. That ought to count for something.

Alexandra, you mentioned to us awhile ago that Jal does some of his best work while drunk, but how much of his work does he screw up because he's drunk?

Brad, are you judging Anna against being a Windwalker or a regular swordsman? 'Cause if she's good enough to be a swordsman she can still take up the rear for this mission; Watch your backs and guard Alexandra and Vlad and such. Besides, she's going to need real combat experience at some point. But if you think she's not good enough to go out on this mission, then at least see about her going out on one that isn't so tough so she can get the experience.

Alright, Anna, what we're about to say is about the death of your family and it's going to hurt, so brace yourself: Two royal guards showed up at the inn looking for you. They had a decree from the king calling for your execution without trial for the crime of treason against the crown. According to them it was because you murdered your family in cold blood and pinned it on your sister, the captain of the guard, and since all members of the guard of Järgien are considered members of the royal army that's considered treason. Of course we firmly believe this is total bullshit, but you should still tell us how things actually happened to at least get it in order for when the Order comes to ask about it so you don't mess up.

Jal told us that the king's seal would be rather easy to forge while his signature would be harder, but also that he makes so few decrees that hardly anybody would be able to spot a fake signature if it was sufficiently fancy. So we need a document that has a seal and signature that's known to have come from the king to compare the royal guards' orders against. Would the Order possibly have one in its records? Or maybe the city records has one?

...And somebody throw a rock at the sleeping watch guard to wake him or her up. Drina, you do it since you outrank him or her.

It's off topic, but I just thought of something. We know there's a bound daemon watching over the Vaults in the Serath and Amun, so is there one watching over the Vault up in the Pillar of the Heavens? 'Cause if there is, then as far as we know it hasn't made its presence known to us. And there might not even be one 'cause supposedly they were put in place to keep random mortals from finding the Vaults, but the Vault up there is so hard to get to one may not haven been needed. Dooriya, could you please check your Book for that for us.

>>581532
It does make sense if you look at this world through the lens of it originally having been built as a game. The pieces of the players would be stronger and learn faster 'cause the "god" players don't have either the time or patience to wait for it to happen at normal rates.
>>
No. 581537 ID: 2fd516

Oh, Alex, last time we brought up the subject of romance to Jal he said he had no interest in it, only casual sex. Was that denial?
>>
No. 581541 ID: 65a774
File 140390711767.png - (16.82KB , 900x450 , 12.png )
581541

>Tell them you overslept. That is in fact the truth, lazybutt.
:DrinaUNB: You overslept? Well, at least your honest…
:AlexUNB: …so… I’m-
:DrinaUNB: Five laps around the cathedral, maggot, and no walking! I want to see you jog all the way!
:AlexUNB: B-but I was barely able to jog a fourth of a lap las-
:DrinaUNB: Exactly. You need to work on your shape, young lady.
:AlexUNB: Young? I’m older then you…
>And you do have a partial excuse for being late: We had you take time to wrangle Jal and de-booze his room so he wouldn't be doing the alchemical work for our mission inebriated.
:DrinaUNB: Hmm… fine, only four laps then…

>Wait we make you stronger? Huh, and here I thought we were just guidance... and slight perversions…
:BradfordUNB: Hmm… that would explain why Vlad learned to wield that short sword so quickly.
>It does make sense if you look at this world through the lens of it originally having been built as a game. The pieces of the players would be stronger and learn faster 'cause the "god" players don't have either the time or patience to wait for it to happen at normal rates.
:DrinaUNB: …this is getting way too weird for me.
:BradfordUNB: You see it as a game of chess… very advance chess.
>Someone wake up that sleeping guard!
:DrinaUNB: Don’t worry, a snowball will do the trick!

>Alexandra, you mentioned to us a while ago that Jal does some of his best work while drunk, but how much of his work does he screw up because he's drunk?
:AlexUNB: Surprisingly little. He generally just screw up his own life when his drunk.
>Oh, Alex, last time we brought up the subject of romance to Jal he said he had no interest in it, only casual sex. Was that denial?
:AlexUNB: Yeah, denial. He’s always been like this. First he says he can’t fall in love, then he fucks someone, falls in love, is totally inept at trying to make any kind of relationship work… or even started for that matter and then when she or he rejects him he just start drinking and start the cycle anew.
:AnnaUNB: Wow, talk about self-destructive.
>Brad, are you judging Anna against being a Windwalker or a regular swordsman?
:BradfordUNB: I’m judging that she’s just a small girl who need more training!
:DrinaUNB: Actually, I think she’s ready for something simple… like rear guard or something. So, as you superior officer, I say she’s coming.
:AnnaUNB: Sweet!
:BradfordUNB: B-but…but… she can get hurt!
:DrinaUNB: Err… she’s a soldier, they are supposed to get hurt…
>It's off topic, but I just thought of something. We know there's a bound daemon watching over the Vaults in the Serath and Amun, so is there one watching over the Vault up in the Pillar of the Heavens? Dooriya, could you please check your Book for that for us.
:DooriyaUNB: Hmm… the book just says… “Traitor”… and… wait… Steve says that you’ve already met him… he calls himself the blood god.

>Alright, Anna, what we're about to say is about the death of your family and it's going to hurt, so brace yourself…
:AnnaUNB: Err… wait, I really need to go to the little girls ro-
:BradfordUNB: You aren’t going anywhere, little miss.
>Anna is wanted for treason.
:BradfordUNB: WAIT WHAT!?
:DooriyaUNB: Um… is it just me, or is that very unlikely?
:AnnaUNB: Err… heh… um…
>Because you murdered your family in cold blood and pinned it on your sister, the captain of the guard.
:AnnaUNB: She was commander of the guard! And I didn’t pin it on her! She pinned it on herself to- Err… I mean… um…
:AlexUNB: …wait, you actually…
:AnnaUNB: What, no of c-course not… heh… I would… n-never…
:BradfordUNB:
:AnnaUNB: …um… I… I d-did… I k-killed m-my parents…

Insert What a twist!_
>>
No. 581550 ID: 2fd516

>>581541
Uhhhhhh... whyyyyy? You can probably dodge the treason charges with this confession, but...
>>
No. 581553 ID: 0ee153

I'm sure there's a long and complicated story to explain this. Best just to kill her.
>>
No. 581554 ID: dbe554

>>581553

That's not..No we aint killing her!

Also Brad it's quite sweet that you've taken her under your wing and being all protective of her considering your abrasive nature at times, but we need to get the info from her because this is pretttty important.
>>
No. 581556 ID: 40935b

... Now's the part where you give a justification and we're all like "okay that sucks and could have gone better but you're not that horrible a person or anything", Right?

...Right?

There is very little we can do to get you out of this. The Royal army actually holds some real authority, so we can't just lie like we did to the 'zolners. The only thing that comes to mind is to go MIA the next time you go into the field- actually scratch that, new idea. We fake your death. It should be easy- the ambush will involve a lot of fire, explosives and general chaos. Should an unfortunate accident occur in which one of the explosive devices- manufactured by a longtime alcoholic, I should add- malfunction or be misused while you're holding it, inevitably killing you and rendering the body unidentifiable except by clothing, the guards should call off the investigation.
>>
No. 581593 ID: d0e0a2

...Nobody say anything and don't jump to conclusions. We are going to hear what Anna has to say, without interruption, before we say or do anything. Got it? Good. ...Now, Anna, please tell us what happened, from the beginning.

>Hmm… the book just says… “Traitor”… and… wait… Steve says that you’ve already met him… he calls himself the blood god.
So he's stuck in a flawed Harvester body with only a tiny fraction of his original power. Well, that explains why he needed sacrifices to start his cult following, why he has his followers do so much of the work and why he doesn't have any 'special' cultists like the Dark One and The Deceiver have. Hmm... This also means that, unlike the others, it's possible we could actually kill him for real.

...Wait a second. Dooriya, how is Steve talking to you? Though your new arm? And can he hear what we're saying as well?
>>
No. 581596 ID: d0e0a2

>>581593
Also, take this somewhere private. We don't want anybody else overhearing this. The groundskeeper's tool shed might be big enough for all of you.
>>
No. 581620 ID: d8a627

>Wait we make you stronger?
Wasn't that the case with our previous allies, anyways? I'm still sifting through our memory, it's enough that it'll take a good bit of time to figure out what changes and what doesn't, but it seems that we had that effect before.
>a snowball will do the trick!
Hah! Lovely, Drina.
>he calls himself the blood god
Oh gods, now we have to eliminate one of the three. And knowing their lack of temporal stability, we'll still probably see him in the future anyways!
Or, uh, the past, if that happens, but it's also possible he'll be dead in the past too? Stupid temporal instabilized entities... Yes that includes us. We're stupid.
>I k-killed m-my parents…
...At least tell us it was an accident?
>>
No. 581675 ID: 65a774
File 140397072630.png - (17.58KB , 900x450 , 13.png )
581675

>I'm sure there's a long and complicated story to explain this. Best just to kill her.
:AlexUNB: (Well, someone has a short attention span it seems.)
>...Nobody say anything and don't jump to conclusions. We are going to hear what Anna has to say, without interruption, before we say or do anything. Got it?
:DooriyaUNB: Right, we need to hear this.
>Also, take this somewhere private.
:DrinaUNB: I can get us a private room t-
:MikhailUNB: Actually, you’re staying right here. Now, Anna, please proceed with your explanation.
:AnnaUNB: Err…

>...At least tell us it was an accident?
:AnnaUNB: …I… I didn’t mean to k-kill my mother… she… she attacked me… t-then my sister came… and… she didn’t… I…
:MikhailUNB: Why did she attack you?
:AnnaUNB: …b-because… I… I murdered my father…
:MikhailUNB: …and that was self-defense too?
:AnnaUNB: …no… I… I… it was just spur of the moment… he… left his sword and… and…
:MikhailUNB: …that still doesn’t explain your motivation.
:AnnaUNB: …he really wanted a son…
:MikhailUNB: …and?
:AnnaUNB: None of were… all of us… he…
:BradfordUNB: Wait, you mentioned that you had two sisters yesterday? What happened to other sister? Is she still alive?
:AnnaUNB: …I… no… she… she didn’t… she didn’t run away… she’s still there… down there… basement… please… father… no… don’t…
:MikhailUNB: Oh, for the love of- someone get me a doctor! …and some kind of therapist.
>There is very little we can do to get you out of this.
:MikhailUNB: There’s nothing you can do about this. Anna, your under arrest.
:AnnaUNB: no, not the… ment…
:AlexUNB: Wait, you can’t just kill h-
:MikhailUNB: If she is telling the truth she won’t be. The king has given us permission, with both seal and name, to personally enact justice on any criminals we catch and to make use of them as we wish. So, if you didn’t pin it on your sister then you’ll be judged in one of our courts.
:BradfordUNB: So we have to prove that her sister did it herself?
:MikhailUNB: If you want to help, yes… now, Anna, come with me. There’s a nice doctor that’s waiting for you.
:AnnaUNB:

>...Wait a second. Dooriya, how is Steve talking to you? Though your new arm? And can he hear what we're saying as well?
:DooriyaUNB: (Um… yeah… he can talk to me when I’m close to him… and no, he can’t hear you.)
>So he's stuck in a flawed Harvester body with only a tiny fraction of his original power.
:DooriyaUNB: (Actually, he’s not stuck in it… he can leave, but he won’t be able to come back there then.)
>Oh gods, now we have to eliminate one of the three.
:DooriyaUNB: (You have to eliminate the body his in, yes…)

Insert Tearing down the wall_
>>
No. 581697 ID: dbe554

Anna go with them, doing something drastic might cause further issues down the line.

If this is so painful for you make sure to tell them.
>>
No. 581706 ID: d0e0a2

...Oh, Anna... Your big sister always protected you, didn't she? Even unto her end. She must have loved you more than anything... Anna, you have our promise we'll do everything in our power to make sure what your sister did was not for naught. ...And would you tell us her name? It's not right of us to talk of her without a proper name. Now, go with Mikhail to see the doctor, but do not say or write anything of what happened without us or another you trust there; We do not know who will hear or see it or if it'll be used against you.

Alright, when will the trial be held and how do the Order's courts operate for such a crime? 'Cause we're going to need time to mount a defense for Anna. But how are we going to do this when any evidence or witnesses, save Anna herself, are in Järgien? How far away is Järgien? And wouldn't the Order prosecution need those evidence and witnesses too? What and who's going to be admissible as evidence and witnesses at this trial? Also, how much should we worry that Anna just confessed in front of Mikhail and two other members of the Order? I'd figure their testimony wouldn't be admissible at trial due to being hearsay but I don't know how the laws work here.

Right now we should speak with those royal guards and find out just what the evidence was that led to the king decreeing Anna a traitor. If we can discredit that it'll help us.

Also, somebody should keep watch over Anna. Her status has included "depressed" near every time we've checked and I fear she may attempt suicide or something. [Check status of "The Valkyrie"]

Brad, how you feelin' there? If you want to stay with Anna then do so. That is, if you're allowed to by the Order.

...Dammit, we still have to plan and prep for that mission today. Gah... Why did this have to happen now?
>>
No. 581707 ID: 2fd516

>>581675
How can we prove that her sister did it? Is her house nearby, to investigate?

Alex, get to running, you still have those four laps to do.
>>
No. 581738 ID: 40935b

From what I gather, her father was abusive and killing her mother was an accident. So yeah, that does suck and could have gone better but she isn't a horrible person. It looks like she won't be going into battle today, Drina.

Anna, we'll get this sorted out- what they're saying you did isn't what happened. In the meantime, go with Mikhail. We'll be back, and you can talk to us then if you feel like it, okay?
>>
No. 581750 ID: 65a774
File 140399264509.png - (15.33KB , 900x450 , 14.png )
581750

>[Check status of "The Valkyrie"]
["The Valkyrie" Status: Suicidal, depressed, crying.]

>From what I gather, her father was abusive and killing her mother was an accident. So yeah, that does suck and could have gone better but she isn't a horrible person.
:MikhailUNB: Hmm… that’s true?
:AnnaUNB: …he… he did things to me…
:MikhailUNB: Well then… we got some motive…
>Anna go with them, doing something drastic might cause further issues down the line.
:MikhailUNB: Come here, Anna… just follow these nice gentlemen and we’ll fix this mess in no time.
:AnnaUNB:
>...Oh, Anna... Your big sister always protected you, didn't she? Even unto her end. She must have loved you more than anything... Anna, you have our promise we'll do everything in our power to make sure what your sister did was not for naught.
:AnnaUNB:
>...And would you tell us her name?
:AnnaUNB:
>Brad, how you feelin' there? If you want to stay with Anna then do so. That is, if you're allowed to by the Order.
:BradfordUNB: There’s no way I’m leaving her right now.
:MikhailUNB: Then come with us. We’re not stopping you. Of course, now I’ll probably need to dig up that old order from the king to show those royal guards that she will be judged in our court instead of theirs… ugh…
:VladUNB: judging what? What did I miss?
:AlexUNB: Anna confessed and is being arrested.
:VladUNB: …wait, those royal guard gu-
:AlexUNB: No, she said they were lying. She confessed to the original murders. Where did you go anyway?
:VladUNB: Oh, I just… um…
:AlexUNB: Never mind, Vlad, we got more important things to do.

>How far away is Järgien?
:DrinaUNB: Err… that depends… do you mean the bird route or do y- we’re standing in it right now! This is Järgien! You know, the nation of the north?
>Is her house nearby, to investigate?
:DrinaUNB: Her house is in a city about two days from here.
>Alright, when will the trial be held and how do the Order's courts operate for such a crime? 'Cause we're going to need time to mount a defense for Anna.
:DooriyaUNB: Um… actually, I’m pretty sure Grey would want you guys to stay out of the court. As she doesn’t have one herself she will receive a lawyer from us and he or she will make the defense.
>Wouldn't the Order prosecution need the evidence and witnesses ?
:DooriyaUNB: We will send for all the evidence the original investigators was able to retrieve. If that’s not enough we’ll simply have to send someone there to investigate themselves.
>How much should we worry that Anna just confessed in front of Mikhail and two other members of the Order?
:DooriyaUNB: Well, it can’t be used against her but… um… if you ask me, she’s probably going to confess properly anyway… um… you know, maybe there won’t even be a court case? If she confesses directly they can come to an agreement without the whole court business.

>Alex, get to running, you still have those four laps to do.
:AlexUNB: Wait, don’t w-
:DrinaUNB: Right! Let me see you jog, lady!
:AlexUNB: B-but-
:DrinaUNB: Now! I’m going to follow you to make sure you do this properly! Now move it, maggot! ONE TWO THREE FOUR! I SAID JOG!!
:DooriyaUNB: And with that I’ll leave too… my little dreamy firefly needs me… goodbye Vladimir… goodbye voices.
:VladUNB: Err… okay?

>Right now we should speak with those royal guards and find out just what the evidence was that led to the king decreeing Anna a traitor. If we can discredit that it'll help us.
:VladUNB: Um… well, they are supposed to be here somewhere… um… I think one of them is waiting to speak with the archbishop and… err… the other is… um… the other one was told to take a break by the former and now… err… she went somewhere, I guess… but… err… what do I say to them? I’m pretty sure telling that order is a phony is treason or something… um… maybe I need to evidence or… err… I’ve never really done something like this before…

Insert Vladimir, the lizard P.I_
>>
No. 581760 ID: 2fd516

>>581750
Well don't say it's phony. Just be nosy. Ask them how the treason was discovered- didn't the crime take place a long time ago?

[Message to Gray: You know about Shape-Stealers, right?]
>>
No. 581787 ID: 2fd516

Oh, now that we're alone... Vlad, last night you were a bit upset about Alex being a guy, but you complemented her this morning. Did you work past your father's issues already?

...also I'm not sure what pronoun I'm supposed to use for Alexandra anymore.
>>
No. 581791 ID: d8a627

>I’m pretty sure Grey
I'm still a bit behind, is this the same Gray as from Rust? She did leave Serath when Eliraz asked her new King to.
>Um… well, they are supposed to be here somewhere…
Saying the order is a phony is kind of a stupid idea. Even stupid, pessimistic squidlings like us are smarter than saying that to their faces.
We want to discredit the evidence, not the order. The King would have every reason to trust whoever he puts in charge of the investigations, but if you give him reason to doubt, he may be willing to, without being asked, revoke the order.
>ZZZ
Can we still give thoughts to others? Bah, he's not even an ally or underling of our crew, though, is he, so we couldn't give him the feeling of urgency anyways. And I don't want to tell you to throw another snowball at him, what with you being the only one here, he'd know who it was this time.
>>581787
She's a she if she's a she. Doesn't she go by she in public?
>>
No. 581794 ID: d0e0a2

Hey, where were you? I figured you'd have come right back to the training yard with Alexandra so I was kinda wondering where you got off to.

The old decree from the king granting the Order judicial autonomy that Mikhail is going to dig up ought to have a legit seal and signature so that gives us an opportunity to compare it to the royal guards' orders. You just have to make sure you're either there when she shows them to the royal guard to suggest comparing the seals and signatures to be doubly sure things are legit or ask Mikhail beforehand to compare them herself if you can't be there. Actually, catch up with her and mention this when you can, just in case you can't make it in time.

Approach the royal guard waiting to see the Archbishop and see if you can get what the basis for the king's order was out of him. Play up your naive and curious attitude to get his guard down. Ask what came to light after Anna's sister's execution that pointed to Anna as being the murderer.

Since you missed what Anna said, here's the summary of what I gathered from it: Anna's father terribly abused her and her two sisters, doing 'things' to her, ostensibly 'cause he wanted sons, not daughters. Her sister, the one who wasn't the commander of the guard, didn't actually run away from home but was actually killed by this abuse and is buried in the basement of her family's home. Anna killed her father on the spur of the moment when he left his sword out, then killed her mother in self-defense. Her sister, the commander of the guard, showed up later and took the fall for the murders to protect Anna and was executed for them.

Needless to say, after bringing all this up Anna is in a bad place right now. We checked her status and it's both 'suicidal' and 'depressed.' I can only hope therapy will help, but she's got a long, hard road ahead of her.

...Uh. Also, your status has had 'depressed' in it every time we've checked. It's understandable after what happened. If you want to talk about things, we'll listen. We just don't want it all to catch up to you suddenly at a bad time, that's all.

>If she confesses directly they can come to an agreement without the whole court business.
Shit... She's going to confess and end up a penal soldier, isn't she? Man, I hope I'm wrong and it's better than that.

>This is Järgien! You know, the nation of the north?
Oh, derp. I thought it was a city, not a country. Should have paid more attention when the royal guard was rattling off the king's titles 'cause "Lord of Järgien" was in there.

>>581760
[Delay message]
Gray's been fighting the daemonic forces for months now. She has to know what a Shape Stealer is by this point or she wouldn't have gotten this far.

Oh, but I just realized something: [Message to Gray: Just realized we never formally allied. Would you care to or would you rather keep it informal?]

>>581787
Female, since that's the persona she wants to use at this time.

>>581791
We're near 100% sure Gray is the same as the one we exiled from the Serath. Her king was escorted to the port and stuck on a ship and he even said he "always wanted to see snow" so it's pretty much certain he ended up here. We just haven't seen the Archbishop's face to confirm it.
>>
No. 581796 ID: 2fd516

>>581791
It is the same Grey. Her new king is the Archbishop.

Also Alex is apparently fine with making her status as crossdresser known in gay bars... but she also likes being called a lady.
>>
No. 581800 ID: 65a774
File 140400460094.png - (19.15KB , 900x450 , 15.png )
581800

>[Message to Gray: You know about Shape-Stealers, right?]
[Message from Gray: Yes, we have fought some. They are not a major concern here as they can’t seem to handle the coldness… but as spring is coming and it’s getting hotter…]
>[Message to Gray: Just realized we never formally allied. Would you care to or would you rather keep it informal?]
[Player Gray wish to ally! Do you accept?]

>Hey, where were you? I figured you'd have come right back to the training yard with Alexandra so I was kinda wondering where you got off to.
Um… well… I went to the captain and told him about my idea to write a letter to the king and… err… he said they had express line to some royal scribe or something and it wouldn’t hurt? …so… um… he’s going to send a letter, I guess?
>Oh, now that we're alone... Vlad, last night you were a bit upset about Alex being a guy, but you complemented her this morning. Did you work past your father's issues already?
Oh, right… um… I… it’s… I don’t know really how I should feel… I mean… I guess I’m still attracted to her… um… him… err… her… but… I don’t think I’ve really realized that she’s a he and… err… I’m a bit confused, alright?
>...also I'm not sure what pronoun I'm supposed to use for Alexandra anymore.
Um… she likes being called a lady so…
>She's a she if she's a she. Doesn't she go by she in public?
…err… that’s… right? I think?
>Alex is apparently fine with making her status as crossdresser known in gay bars...
…err… what? She’s been… there’s… um… that kind of bars here?

>Since you missed what Anna said, here's the summary of what I gathered from it…
…oh…OH… that’s… that’s just… no wonder why she’s so… broken up about it… um… I… I don’t really know what to say…
>...Uh. Also, your status has had 'depressed' in it every time we've checked. It's understandable after what happened. If you want to talk about things, we'll listen.
Oh, it’s not… I mean, compared to Anna it’s nothing, really… I… I just miss them, alright… and… and I don’t really know what to with myself and… what to do about Alexandra or… Ann-So- … anyone else for that matter…

>The old decree from the king granting the Order judicial autonomy that Mikhail is going to dig up ought to have a legit seal and signature so that gives us an opportunity to compare it to the royal guards' orders.
Oh, right! That’s something we were looking for, weren’t we?
>Actually, catch up with her and mention this when you can, just in case you can't make it in time.
:VladUNB: Um… Lord Ranger? Err…
:MikhailUNB: What is it, recruit? I’m very busy.
:VladUNB: I was thinking… about that order from the king th-
:MikhailUNB: Oh, right, that. Vlad, how about you go down and fetch it for me down in the archives.
:VladUNB: Err… bu-
:MikhailUNB: That was an order, recruit! Now, move it! I’ve very busy!
:VladUNB: Um… yes, ma’am? …wait, where is the… archive? Hello? …oh…

Approach the royal guard waiting to see the Archbishop and see if you can get what the basis for the king's order was out of him. Don't say it's phony, just be nosy.
:VladUNB: Excuse me, sir knight?
:UnknownKAK: Hmm? Oh, I’m not- I’m just a soldier, kid? What is it? Here to admire one of the royal soldiers of the crowns army?
:VladUNB: Oh, I… I was just wondering what such a brave soldier of the crown was doing up here? Is there a dragon to slay or…
:UnknownKAK: We’re hunting a very dangerous criminal! She’s a murderer and scoundrel. Worse than the most heinous of thieves! She’s a master swordsman, besting dozen of the finest guards, but the king himself choose me in complete confidence to bring her to justice!
:VladUNB: (…wow, this guy really know how to bullshit…) Um… you must be really courageous and a warrior of some renown if the king himself sent you… but…
>We want to discredit the evidence, not the order.
:VladUNB: How do you know you got the right woman?
:UnknownKAK: Oh, she might be a slippery one, but she made a fatal mistake. She tried to frame our commander, her own sister, for a crime! Ha! Tell me, why would the commander murder her own father with a trophy sword and not her own sword when she was going to confess for the crime anyway? Now, we need to nail that bit- err… evil woman so they can release the commander from imprisonment!
:VladUNB:

Insert Accidental fan_
>>
No. 581805 ID: 2fd516

>>581800
[accept alliance from Grey]
[send message to Grey: Something is off about these guards. The one Vlad is talking to seems to have a personal vendetta against Anna.]

[scan all those present]
[Message to Pink: I think we can talk to you now. Could you bring us up to speed on how things went in the past, maybe tell us of a few missteps we can prevent? Uh, those that happened after Jericho went into the Vault anyway. That's how much we've experienced in that time. We can renew our alliance in this time as well. Hey, did you get our fallen merc friends some bodies?]

Tell him it sounds like the commander is covering for her sister. Oh, and go ask one of those Order members where the archives are.
>>
No. 581807 ID: 40935b

Wait, if her sister confessed to the crime, how is that a framing job?

[scan everyone]
Those guards in red are Serath; that's the princess and someone we haven't seen before, and- wait, is Elisah pregnant?!?
>>
No. 581815 ID: d8a627

>>581807
>Elisah pregnant?!?
[Scan Elizah's womb]
>>
No. 581865 ID: 9ddf68

...huh, well after talking to the guard I think it would be safe to say these guys actually have a personal vendetta against Anna. But whether that be from respect for her late sister (commander and all that), respect for her late father (he was a hero right?), or something else I can't say yet. But don't be surprised if these guys try to find a way to get Anna to meet the headsmen's ax even if she's being judged under one of our courts and not theirs'. Anyways maybe poke a bit more and see if you can't find out where all this hate is coming from and then ask around for the archives and go find that thing.

Also... does anyone think Elizah might be a bit pissed at us? I mean Jericho was her friend and we did kinda lead him to his death with some bad advice sooo... yeah. Anyways, Just to be safe let's not tell her who is and isn't a pawn until we're sure we don't have a royal with a grudge after us.
>>
No. 581870 ID: d0e0a2

[Scan all targets in area] Huh. We never did scan Elizah before. I wonder what her scan-name will be.

Yeah, this guy is definitely not legit. There's no way the king would even listen to such flimsy 'evidence,' let alone sign off on a decree to execute someone for treason based on it. Plus there's a load of inconsistencies in what he said, not the least of which is the fact that back at the inn either he or his partner said the commander was executed, not imprisoned.

Vlad, keep up the act and say you just have to hear how she framed her sister so well that her sister confessed to murdering their father. That'll put him in a bind, but don't press him any more; We don't want him catching on that you're smarter than you act. Disengage and take what he said here to Mikhail along with the orders from the archive. That ought to be enough to get her to check the royal guards' orders against the ones from the archive.

I'm having doubts that these two came here to exact revenge for the death of their commander. I'm thinking that it's possible they're after Anna 'cause they were buddies with Anna's father. I'd say we could get Anna to ID them by voice or sight if we could get them to take their helmets off, but in the mental state she's in I don't know if she could.

Hey, if you can get a look past all the Serathian guards you might just see one of the most beautiful lizard ladies in the world: Sultan Elizah Drah'kon. We know her from when we were allied nine months ago and she was still Princess Elizah. And dang, she looks like she married right after we left and got right on top of making sure there'd be an heir to the throne... Though... Huh. Now that I think about it we don't actually know how long after conception it is before a female lizard lays the egg, or how long after that it hatches. Vlad, you wouldn't happen to know that, would you?
>>
No. 581916 ID: d8a627

>>581870
>I wonder what her scan-name will be
If I remember right, we -did- scan her at one point and she was "The Diplomat." Gimme some time to surf through the first three chapters of the novel that is memory... Maybe I'll find something. I'm only as far as when Bradford discovered us being near cultists will corrupt us.
>>
No. 581918 ID: d8a627

>>581916
>Player Pink have been defeated by “The coming darkness”! The darkness now has control over “The Diplomat”!
Yeah, during a wraith fueled hallucination, we were told her pawn name.
>That'll put him in a bind, but don't press him any more
"Oh, I... nevermind. I guess it must be something scary to... not be able to mention it."
>Disengage and take what he said here to Mikhail along with the orders from the archive.
...Make sure you ask him where the archives are, before you actually part ways with him.
>if you can get a look past all the Serathian guards you might just see one of the most beautiful lizard ladies in the world: Sultan Elizah Drah'kon.
And yes, a relationship is possible... Even if unlikely. The royal family of Serath practices polyamory after all!
...
...
...SNAP OUT OF IT YOU FOOL.
>>
No. 581925 ID: 65a774
File 140406159839.png - (14.17KB , 900x450 , 16.png )
581925

>[accept alliance from Grey]
[You’re now allied with Grey!]
>[send message to Grey: Something is off about these guards. The one Vlad is talking to seems to have a personal vendetta against Anna.]
[Message from Grey: Noted. Will be skeptical on any claim they bring.]
>[Message to Pink]
[You haven’t yet met pink in the present!]

>[Scan all targets in area]
[Neutral Creature (Neutral): City Guard.]
[Neutral Creature (Friendly): Order Guard.]
[Neutral Creature (Friendly): Serath Praetorian Guard.]
[Neutral Creature (Friendly): Serath Crown Prince.]
[“The Diplomat” is currently claimed by Pink!]
>[Scan Elizah's womb]
[Neutral Creature (None): Unlaid egg.]

>Hey, if you can get a look past all the Serathian guards you might just see one of the most beautiful lizard ladies in the world: Sultan Elizah Drah'kon.
Huh? A Sultan? Um… I can’t really… those guards are standing in the way… hmm… I think… no wait, whoever is back there seems to be leaving…
>Now that I think about it we don't actually know how long after conception it is before a female lizard lays the egg, or how long after that it hatches.
Let’s see… how was it… um… seven months in the tummy and… then… two as an little cute egg… um… if I remember correctly, that is.
>And yes, a relationship is possible... Even if unlikely. The royal family of Serath practices polyamory after all!
…wait, me a prince? That’s… a bit… hmmm… Prince Vladimir?
>...SNAP OUT OF IT YOU FOOL.
Oh, right, can’t stand here dreaming about the impossible… right…

>...huh, well after talking to the guard I think it would be safe to say these guys actually have a personal vendetta against Anna.
Yeah, something is wrong here.
>Don't be surprised if these guys try to find a way to get Anna to meet the executioner’s ax even if she's being judged under one of our courts and not theirs'.
Huh… we better prepare for this then… who know, maybe he will even go the unlawful way?

>Wait, if her sister confessed to the crime, how is that a framing job?
:VladUNB: Um… wait, didn’t you say back in the inn that she confessed for the crime?
:UnknownKAK: That’s the most diabolical part! The murder we’re hunting is a master of pretending to be an innocent young girl! She even manipulated her own sister to believe she was innocent and that taking the fall would be the right thing to do! Ha! But she can’t escape the long arm of JUSTICE forever!
>Maybe poke a bit more and see if you can't find out where all this hate is coming from.
:VladUNB: ...you sound rather passionate about this, you know…
:UnknownKAK: Oh, why wouldn’t I be!? She is one of the vilest criminals we’ve ever seen! But you can’t run from the sweet taste of vengeance forever!
:VladUNB: Vengeance? Oooh… that’s sound neat. What did she do? Kill someone that you hold dear?
:UnknownKAK: In fact, she’s the murderer of my b-
:PaladinUNB: Excuse me, the archbishop is willing to see you know.
:UnknownKAK: Ah, that’s my cue, kid… see you around!

>Oh, and go ask one of those Order members where the archives are.
:PaladinUNB: Right this way, sir.



:VladUNB: So… this is the archive?
:UnknownKAK: Hey, you can’t just come in here! This is a private property kid!
:VladUNB: Um… actually, the Lord Ranger sent me.
:UnknownKAK: Um… oh… err… even so, I have to ask you to leave. None of the archivists are here right now…
:VladUNB: …what about you?
:UnknownKAK: I’m just an assistant. I’m just supposed to help clean stuff for now… I mean, I can’t help you anyway as I started today… now please leave…

Insert Either everyone looks the same or…_
>>
No. 581927 ID: d8a627

>I can’t help you anyway as I started today
Our eyes are crap, but is that the penal service guy? Maybe his son? If he is, say hey, ask how his [son/father] is doing.
Then ask where you can find an archivist, you need to get the order from the king for the Lord Ranger.
>>
No. 581939 ID: 3f0c1b

[scan assistant]
A mere assistant? Chasing out a member of the order on a task for the Lord Ranger? Preposterous!

Get him to get one of the archivist or tell you where you can find one. Unless he wants to hold up official business.
>>
No. 581941 ID: 40935b

Be insistent. If he doesn't like it, tell him to take it up with the Lord Ranger- plus, he's just an assistant and doesn't have that kind of authority. Be careful if he turns out to be an impostor.

>The murder we’re hunting is a master of pretending to be an innocent young girl!
I don't think Anna is the master of anything. She tries to act innocent, but she's hardly good at it- her past ended up coming out in what, two or three days?

Damn, so Elizah must've got married. We haven't even met the groom yet. It's weird, finding this stuff out before it happens in the other timeline. It's unfortunate we haven't been able to contact them yet, though- they could provide useful information. Do you think you could ask someone like the Lord Ranger to contact them for us?
>>
No. 581945 ID: d0e0a2

[Scan assistant] Vlad, our eyes may be deceiving us, but this guy looks just like the penal soldier that went out on that mission with you two days ago; He has the same clothes, haircut and eye color. Do you recognize him? It might be the same guy... Except the penal soldier had a broken arm and finger when he came back. We don't know how good the Order's doctors are, so is it possible his injuries were mended in a day?

Ask him if he was the penal soldier that went out on your training mission two days ago. If he says he was then ask how his daughter is doing. He actually had a son, so if he doesn't correct you then he's an impostor.

If he was the penal soldier then something could be wrong here 'cause I'd figure penal laborers aren't supposed to be left alone unsupervised. Ask the Order guard, in a low voice, about that.

It's very odd that there are no archivists here at this time since it should be work hours. It's not even lunchtime, so they wouldn't be on break. And if they did leave wouldn't they have locked the archive's door to keep people from walking in? Something is not right here. Comment that the archivists should be here now and ask the assistant where they went.

>In fact, she’s the murderer of my b-
I'm guessing the 'b-' is either 'brother' or 'bride;' More likely 'brother,' and in that case that brother was likely Anna's father. Either way this guy has a vendetta against Anna.

...I just had a terrible thought. What if Anna has murdered more people than just her parents? I know it's unlikely but we should keep that in the back of our minds for now.

[Message to Gray: Have you ever scanned one of King Eric's royal guards before? Because the two royal guards here are scanning as 'city guard.' Is that what it's supposed to be? And unrelated to that: What benefits does allying bring other than us being able to see the status of each other's pawns?]

>>581941
Elizah mentioned that she was probably going to have to marry her cousin once removed here >>/questarch/556926. The "Crown Prince" is likely him. And going by what Vlad said about lizard procreation and the rounded state of Elizah's middle she probably got married no more than about seven months ago. She didn't seem that enthusiastic about marrying but I guess once she became sultan there was pressure to do so and make an heir.
>>
No. 581949 ID: d8a627

By the way, should we ask Gray to let Pink know about our current state, since we cannot seem to contact her until our pawns interact with her pawns directly? Vlad, this might just mean you have to work up the courage to at least go up and bow to her while saying something like "It is an honor to meet the Sultan of Serath." That, at least, would connect us to Pink.
>What benefits does allying bring other than us being able to see the status of each other's pawns?
Actually, something I've been wondering for a while now...
[Message to Gray: Is it possible to share a pawn with an ally? When we first connected to The Thief, you were still in control, yet so were we until you booted us, but what about intentional sharing?]
>>
No. 581950 ID: 9ddf68

scan for corruption. Hey shape stealers may be able to hide from our scans but they still corrupt things around them.

But yeah why are there now Archivist? I mean it's the middle of the day and no offence but I don't see why they'd leave the whole thing to an assistant to man, especially if he doesn't want to actually help anyone find what they're looking for. Which is kinda useful to have when you're looking for something in the archives.
>>
No. 581952 ID: 65a774
File 140407224721.png - (14.14KB , 900x450 , 17.png )
581952

>scan for corruption.
[Corruption level 0%]
>[scan assistant]
[Neutral Creature(Friendly): Civilian.]
>[Message to Gray: Have you ever scanned one of King Eric's royal guards before? Because the two royal guards here are scanning as 'city guard.' Is that what it's supposed to be?]
[Message from Grey: At peace times the royal army is used as guards in the capital and other important cities… it’s possible that they were stationed as guards somewhere.]
>[And unrelated to that: What benefits does allying bring other than us being able to see the status of each other's pawns?]
(Alliance: Allied players pawns will automatically be friendly to each other and can’t become hostile against each other. You can also scan emotions (if given permission) as well as corruption in allied pawns and if given permission you can take control of an allied pawn. There’s also a small boost in combat expertise when fighting near allied pawns or nations as well as a small bonus in trade revenue in between allied nations. Pawn that aren’t taken direct control over will also have a bigger chance to form friendships or other relationships with allied pawns, just as with pawns owned by the same player. If a player declares war on another player all allies will also declare war on both sides.)

>Vlad, this might just mean you have to work up the courage to at least go up and bow to her while saying something like "It is an honor to meet the Sultan of Serath."
While I’d love to meet a Sultan, those guards of hers will probably not let me close to her.
>It's unfortunate we haven't been able to contact them yet, though- they could provide useful information. Do you think you could ask someone like the Lord Ranger to contact them for us?
Um… I guess? I mean… she’s with grey, right? I’m pretty sure she knows about you guys then…
>I don't think Anna is the master of anything. She tries to act innocent, but she's hardly good at it- her past ended up coming out in what, two or three days?
Well, she might not be a master in anything; she’s still a pretty good friend, right? That has to count for something… hmm… and she’s pretty good with a sword… and she’s pretty in general… err… wait, I think I kind of lost my thread there for a bit… what was the question again?

>Be insistent. If he doesn't like it, tell him to take it up with the Lord Ranger- plus, he's just an assistant and doesn't have that kind of authority.
:UnknownKAK: Err… I’d love to help but… um… I really can’t?
>Get him to get one of the archivist or tell you where you can find one.
:UnknownKAK: They said they had some important meeting… something about… um… octothorpes, pilcrows and ampersands I think?
:VladUNB: …the what in the what?
:UnknownKAK: They said it was super important and shouldn’t wait!
>Our eyes are crap, but is that the penal service guy?
:UnknownKAK: …um… yeah? I’m in pen- oh, now I recognize you! You were that guy with the bow, weren’t you!
:VladUNB: That’s me, alright.
>If he says he was then ask how his daughter is doing. He actually had a son, so if he doesn't correct you then he's an impostor.
:UnknownKAK: I got a son, not daughter… and he’s doing great. As I work with the Order now he gets his treatment for free! Oh, and someone anonymously sent me 10 whole crows! Witch was more than enough to pay of all my debts! Um… you’re friends with that bearded guy, right?
:VladUNB: Bradford? Oh, yes.
:UnknownKAK: Well, as a friend of someone that helped me out… I guess I can help you find what you’re looking for… so… um…
:VladUNB: …err… it’s an order from the king about… err… courts or something?
:UnknownKAK: …err… you need to be a bit more specified then that… what is the first letter in the title?
:VladUNB: …dammit, I knew I forgot about something!

>If he was the penal soldier then something could be wrong here 'cause I'd figure penal laborers aren't supposed to be left alone unsupervised. Ask the Order guard, in a low voice, about that.
Actually, that guard was here when I came… I’m pretty sure he’s keeping check on Mr. penal here… the guard leading me here was a lizard, not human…

Insert Lost among the bookcases_
>>
No. 581956 ID: d8a627

Judicial Autonomy for the Order of Light
Autonomous Judicial powers for the Order of Light
Order of Light's Judicial Rights

...That's all I can think of. It might be J, A, or O, but it might not be. Sorry, Vlad. And, let the guy know you're sorry you don't know the exact title, too.

>octothorpes, pilcrows and ampersands
Octothorpe is "number," Pilcrow is "paragraph," and Ampersand is "And." #¶&, apparently.

...Hey, that actually reminds me of Perry. I wonder if this means more gods descended. Of course, as archivists, they could literally be talking about the workings of literature, too...
>>
No. 581957 ID: 2fd516

>>581952
[send message to Grey: Ah, the guard that's talking to you now is most likely Anna's uncle. He said "she’s the murderer of my b-" before he was interrupted. On an unrelated note, what constitutes "meeting" a player? We've been trying to contact Pink but the game won't let us, saying we haven't met her. Can you contact her?]
[scan guard]
[send message to Green: Any news? What are your goals, anyway?]
[scan player Green]
[scan player Grey]

Tell him it's an order from the king that lets the Order enact justice upon any criminals they catch. We don't know the title, but we might know shortly.
[send message to Grey: I don't suppose you know the title of the king's order that lets the Order bring justice upon any criminals they catch?]
>>
No. 581958 ID: 2fd516

>>581956
Well, Perry has been in the game for 6 months so it's possible he has pawns here now, which can pronounce his name.
>>
No. 581975 ID: d8a627

>>581958
True... And anybody who can't pronounce it would have trouble remembering what they heard.
[Scan Player {%^*¤öö43}]

This should tell us if Perry is nearby... Although the fact that he's a God/Goddess might mean we can scan him from any distance.
>>
No. 581984 ID: d0e0a2

Ah, so that's where those ten crows Brad gave Captain Andrzej went. Well, it was the least Brad could do after breaking the poor guy's arm and finger.

Before you go off into the bookcases we'll contact Gray and ask if she knows the title, or at least a common start to the titles of the king's decrees and orders. [Message to Gray: Do you know the title of the order from the king that grants the Order autonomy to judge and sentence criminals in its own courts? Or at least a common start to the title of all the king's orders and decrees?]

Off the top of my head, try "Royal Decree" or "Royal Order" followed by "of Judicial Autonomy for the Order of Light" or "of King Eric the Second granting Judicial Autonomy to the Order of Light." Failing that look at all the stuff with titles that start with "Royal decree," "Royal order," or just "decree."

Also, a royal order or decree would should only be a page, scroll, or a stack of several pages similar to a contract, so you can narrow down your search to non-book and non-bound items. A scroll would be likely stored in a drawer or a cubbyhole, and a page or stack of pages would likely be in a drawer or filing cabinet.

>>581956
>>581958
Uh... We chose the name "Hugo" for the alien, not "Perry." Just want to clear that up before there's any confusion.
>>
No. 582013 ID: 65a774
File 140408018046.png - (14.12KB , 900x450 , 18.png )
582013

>[send message to Grey: Ah, the guard that's talking to you now is most likely Anna's uncle. He said "she’s the murderer of my b-" before he was interrupted.]
[Message from Grey: His last name is Tempest, so it’s a possibility.]
>[Message to Gray: Do you know the title of the order from the king that grants the Order autonomy to judge and sentence criminals in its own courts? Or at least a common start to the title of all the king's orders and decrees?]
[Royal Decree of his Excellency, The Majestic King Eric the magnificent the second, Lord of Järgien, made in the light of his supreme wisdom, his name be praised by the Over god IO, The Thane, Freya- yadda yadda yadda…]
>[On an unrelated note, what constitutes "meeting" a player? We've been trying to contact Pink but the game won't let us, saying we haven't met her. Can you contact her?]
[You need to contact one of their pawns. I’ve talked with Pink, yes, and I’ll see to it that you’ll be contacted when there is time. You have to accept my apologies; we are rather busy at the moment.]
>[send message to Green: Any news? What are your goals, anyway?]
[Message from Green: ...hear the horn of change coming!]
>[scan player Green]
(Insane difficulty)(Manipulator)
>[scan player Grey]
(Normal difficulty)(Organizer)
>[Scan Player {%^*¤öö43}]
[Error!]

>Octothorpe is "number," Pilcrow is "paragraph," and Ampersand is "And." #¶&, apparently.
:UnknownKAK: Exactly! It was something about if Pilcrows are supped to come before Octothorpe and if Octothorpe one is supposed to come before just one and stuff like that.
>Also, a royal order or decree would should only be a page, scroll, or a stack of several pages similar to a contract, so you can narrow down your search to non-book and non-bound items.
:UnknownKAK: Oh, right, that narrows it down a bit, yes… the scrolls and the like is over here… let’s see… R…



:UnknownKAK: There you go. You’re lucky it already had a copy made, as I can’t allow you to leave with the original… um… just come back with that later, okay?
:VladUNB: Hmm… it got the royal seal and the kings signature… great!
*Trumpet sound!*
:VladUNB: Huh? What is that?
:UnknownKAK: Oh, I heard about that! It’s the rebel king of the Vildmän that’s coming!
*Trup- BOOOMING HORN!!*
:VladUNB: …sounds like they think a trumpet is for small people, eh?
:UnknownKAK: Yeah… heh…
*BOOOOOMING HORN!!*

Insert Hey, the kings back!_
>>
No. 582037 ID: 40935b

Well, you'd better bring that decree to Mikhail. Thank the guy for helping before you leave. If you can, see what the Vildmen are up to.
>>
No. 582041 ID: d8a627

>[Message from Green: ...hear the horn of change coming!]
>*BOOOOOMING HORN!!*
Well, there's the horn of change?
>If you can, see what the Vildmen are up to.
Just make sure to steer clear out of their way. Watching is good, getting torn limb from limb is not.
>>
No. 582042 ID: 2fd516

>>582013
Oh GREAT, another Insane difficulty player. That's the first one we've seen aside from ourselves... I think we just have to hope Green is acting in the best interests of the world, or else try to defeat him via the overwhelming numbers of our alliance.

Okay Vlad, go back to deliver it to the Ranger.
>>
No. 582045 ID: d8a627

>>582042
>overwhelming numbers of our alliance.
Who, Grey? We only just allied with him. As far as I know, we aren't allied with anybody else yet, though we may soon ally with Pink (current).

Wonder what that'll look like for her. "Allies: Gray, Teal, Teal, Teal, Teal.." How many times will our name repeat on the list by end of it all?
>>
No. 582047 ID: 2fd516

>>582045
Considering the potential conflict would be in the future and we'll probably have other players up here too (like White)...
>>
No. 582052 ID: 65a774
File 140409026525.png - (18.47KB , 900x450 , 19.png )
582052

>Thank the guy for helping before you leave.
:UnknownKAK: Just doing my job… err… kind of…
>Okay Vlad, go back to deliver it to the Ranger.
Right, let’s see if I can find her…
>If you can, see what the Vildmen are up to.
I guess I can take the long way around and see if I can spot them outside…
>Just make sure to steer clear out of their way. Watching is good, getting torn limb from limb is not.
Err… I’m pretty sure they don’t go around and do that on random… of course… I’ve heard the stories from all the wars… *Shudder*

...

…wow, that’s a lot of… whoa…
:AlexUNB: *gasp* I-I c-can’t… *wheeze*…
:DrinaUNB: Hey, I’m proud of you! Rest a while and you can walk the two last laps. Just let this be a lesson for you, don’t over sleep again, maggot!
:MikhailUNB: Ah, Vladimir… do you have-
:VladUNB: Right here, ma’am. The orders from the king.
:MikhailUNB: good… now, you’re dismissed. We’re rather busy here, as you can see.
:VladUNB: Oh, right… um…

Insert Build me an army worthy of Järgien_
>>
No. 582057 ID: 2fd516

>>582052
Two laps? That's not bad. Vlad, why not join her for the other two laps?
[scan all those present]

Hmm... green-eyed... I wonder if all of Green's pawns have green eyes? That would mean the Dark One's vision could be trying to turn us against Green.

[Message to Green: You said we were working with the daemons, before. Who do you think we're working with? We know of five independent daemons, two mortalbound daemons, and one that's in-between.]
>>
No. 582060 ID: d8a627

>Vlad, why not join her for the other two laps?
Yes, training should be helpful.
>now, you’re dismissed.
Drina, Vlad didn't get the chance to suggest it, but we were hoping to have the seals and signatures from the two orders compared. I mean, direct judicial ruling from the king kind of contradicts judicial autonomy...
>>
No. 582075 ID: d0e0a2

[Scan Vildmän king]
My god! I thought Vildmän were big but their king is freakin' huge! And... And... Oh my... His beard. It's... It's glorious! A shining example of beard-ness! A beard worthy of the gods! It... It calls to me... I must touch it. I must feel the glory of the beard flow through me! [Reverently touch wondrous beard] ...it's magnificent... ...Okay. Okay, that's enough. For now...

Before you leave quickly suggest to Mikhail she could compare the seal and signature on this order to the ones on the royal guards' order; You'd bet they won't match.

Vlad, be a friend here and get Alexandra a canteen of water to drink from for the rest of her laps; It's very important to stay hydrated during exercise. Then you can keep her company while she walks. It'll give you a chance to talk about those confused feelings of attraction you still have for her and how to deal with them, as well as anything else that's worrying you.

Oh, Vlad, Steve said those with us are stronger and learn skills much faster than normal. That's how you and Anna picked up your weapon skills so quick. It may also include non-combat skills, so think about practicing the harp as much as you can to take advantage of us while you can.

Oh, better check Jal's status to see whether or not he caved and got drunk. [Check status of "The Alchemist"]
>>
No. 582078 ID: 40935b

Those red eyes do not bode well.
[scan vildmen, scan vildman king]

You should probably help up Alexandrea and get out of here- I'd rather not end up making a wrong move around this many mantis-sized guys in full battle gear.

And don't tell Brad about the king's beard, he'll get jealous.
>>
No. 582080 ID: d8a627

>>582078
I think "Red Eyes" is the common gene of Vildmaan. I swear, other than the King there, they always seem to have red eyes.
>[Reverently touch wondrous beard]
That event had better be recorded into the log so that we can all know how it felt because I'm not going to be rude and touch it after it's already been touched, he'll probably get suspicious.
>>582078
Brad's beard is still manlier. Bah, these guys' beards (and maybe possible women's too?) are just full of volume, no true density to them. At least, that's what we'll tell Bradford if he finds out.
>>
No. 582081 ID: 9ddf68

[Scan all]

I like that they're as tall as the mantises. I guess we'll find out why they're here soon enough and if that little trip to the mountain of fuck you time and space had any truth to it these guys are going to stab us in the back when we need them most. Then again that could have been nothing but a lie and we're over thinking things again. But if that's true then we did give the deceiver the key stone... ah well I'm sure it'll be fine. But yeah long story short keep an eye on these guys and go finish laps with Alex and Drina and see what they know about all of this.
>>
No. 582109 ID: 65a774
File 140414314931.png - (17.04KB , 900x450 , 20.png )
582109

>[scan all those present]
[Neutral Creature (Friendly): Order Guard.] x 9
[Neutral Creature (Neutral): Vildmans Soldat.] x 30
[Neutral Creature (Neutral): Vildmans Bärsärkare.] x 10
[“The Knight of Spades” belongs to player gray.]
[“The White Death” belongs to player Gray!]
[“The hunter” Status: Depressed, in awe. “The priest” Status: Tired. “Sister of Wisdom” Status: Happy. “Sister of Power” Status: Happy.]
>[Scan Vildmännens king]
[“The Lion of the North” belongs to player Green!]
>[Check status of "The Alchemist"]
[“The Alchemist” Status: Tipsy, Depressed.]
>[Message to Green: You said we were working with the daemons, before. Who do you think we're working with? We know of five independent daemons, two mortalbound daemons, and one that's in-between.]
[Message from Green: Do this so called order of “light” not worship a demon!? How are they any different from the other cultists?]

>[Reverently touch wondrous beard]
(As you slowly grasp the magnificent beard of power, you realize just how marvelous it is. Millions upon millions of years of evolution… nay, the very creation of the multiverse has led up to this very moment, to this very peak. The chin before you has created a singularity, a magnum opus no other human, lizard or mantis can ever achieve… but with this revelations you realize just how small you are… how unimportant. No matter what you do… no matter what you accomplish, nothing will ever even come close to the perfection of this beard! As you are bathed in its radiant splendor you shed a single tear, a tear not of sadness but pure bliss. The Beard is all… beard is life… and you are one with the beard… ALL HAIL THE GLORY OF THE BEARD!!)
>...Okay. Okay, that's enough. For now...
(You’re unable to let go of the beard and its… perfection. You can only watch in awe as it’s slowly consuming you unworthy body… as each magnificent hair parts way for you supple tentacles. As you’re slowly becoming one with the glorious beard you have no regrets… this is what you’ve dreamt of… hoped for… and then… there was only Beard. BEARD!!)

>Those red eyes do not bode well.
Um… I’m pretty sure most of the Vildmän have red eyes naturally… actually, the king having green eyes is rather weird…
>Don't tell Brad about the king's beard, he'll get jealous.
Of course he will. I mean, I can’t even grow a beard and I’m freaking jealous!
>Oh, Vlad, Steve said those with us are stronger and learn skills much faster than normal.
…that would explain why I’m already so good with the swords… um… it’s a bit of a letdown, actually… for a second there I thought I was just a natural talent…
>It may also include non-combat skills, so think about practicing the harp as much as you can to take advantage of us while you can.
…oh, right, got to practice the harp! …hmm… wait… those this concern all skills? …maybe I should try and train my speech craft and… um… “other” bard skills… *Cough*…

>Suggest to Mikhail she could compare the seal and signature on this order to the ones on the royal guards' order; You'd bet they won't match.
:MikhailUNB: Hmm? Really? Well, if you wish I’ll take a look later. Now, dismissed, soldier.
>Vlad, be a friend here and get Alexandra a canteen of water to drink from for the rest of her laps; It's very important to stay hydrated during exercise.
:AlexUNB: Oh… *wheeze*… thank you… *gasp*… I… that’s very… *wheeze* …um… thank you… again…
>Two laps? That's not bad. Vlad, why not join her for the other two laps?
:AlexUNB: …well… *wheeze*… let me just catch my breath first… *gasp*…
>Yes, training should be helpful.
Um… walking around the Cathedral won’t really do a lot for me… I mean, I’m pretty sure I can run around the cathedral four times without any problem… you know, I’m an outdoors man… I got stamina and muscles already… not like Alexandra…

>See what they know about all of this.
:AlexUNB: …you should probably ask the captain… or maybe Dooriya about that. But… what I do know about it, the so called “Rebel King” is here to sing an alliance with the order… even though he’s a bit skeptical what with the order technically being based around a daemon.
:VladUNB: Rebel k- oh, yeah, that whole civil war thing…
:AlexUNB: It’s not really a civil war anymore. Apparently the old king is completely bonkers and is leading an army of undead. Pretty much all the sane people have joined the supposed rebel side by now.
:VladUNB: …wait, undead army? …um… do you think maybe-
:AlexUNB: Vlad, of course the old king is being controlled by a daemon… that’s rather obvious. Why do you think the “Rebel” king is so skeptical about us? …right, either way, let’s get moving again…
>It'll give you a chance to talk about those confused feelings of attraction you still have for her and how to deal with them, as well as anything else that's worrying you.
:AlexUNB: …wait, you still has feelings for me? Even when you know I’m not… um… a “proper” lady?
:VladUNB: Um… well… I don’t really know… I’m still a bit… confused about this situation… and I think you’re a proper lady, Alexandra. You got class and all that… stuff…
:AlexUNB: While that’s sweet and all, you know what I mean. Either way… I don’t really know how to help… either you like dick or you don’t.
:VladUNB: Err… that’s a bit… forward...
:AlexUNB: Hey, beating around the bush won’t really help, now will it? Vladimir, if you want my advice then experiment. Find out what you like and don’t like. Don’t let anyone else decide what you should like and not… now, let’s start walking… I want to be done with this punishment as soon as possible.
:VladUNB: Oh, right… um… right…

Insert Does lizard dream of electric beards?_
>>
No. 582110 ID: dbe554

Actually you can love someone for just their personality and mind over what their body details, it'd be a platonic love though if you don't enjoy the body

Though with her asking about experimenting it almost makes me wonder if you should just ask to experiment with her instead.

Also yeah you could practice some speechcraft, find a nice mirror and practice, or discuss with the others for a while. I mean Bradford was practically quite the savage for a while and he's doing quite well for himself.

..Also sing an alliance? Is that a Vildman custom? I'm actually quite curious to watch.
>>
No. 582112 ID: d8a627

>this is what you’ve dreamt of… hoped for… and then… there was only Beard. BEARD
...Did we just achieve our character creation? No matter, I'm not touching that beard. I'm both in love and freaked out at the idea.
>Do this so called order of “light” not worship a demon!? How are they any different from the other cultists?
[Message to Green: Daemons represent everything, even the spite of Daemons. Perhaps some have simply been purified, but they are not all corrupting. Did you know, the will you carry is shared by the Daemon Bob? You even inspire fear from your enemies, and a few allies, which is all in line with the Daemon. And yet, you are pure, are you not? Destroy those actively corrupt all you want, and even banish The Bringer of Light, but please refrain from harming the pure involved.]
[Message to Green: Also, a part of us apparently just merged into your King's beard. The nature of the Lion of the North prevents it from withdrawing manually, please Ban Player Teal From Lion of the North.] The paaaaain.
>“other” bard skills…
Vlad, if you seek to practice the art of seduction... We have no qualms with that! In fact, we encourage it!
>stamina and muscles already… not like Alexandra
No, but Alexandra has her strengths that you could work on. Training of all sorts.
>Does lizard dream of electric beards?
Artemis might.
>Actually you can love someone for just their personality and mind over what their body details, it'd be a platonic love though if you don't enjoy the body
Platonic Love can come in such a strength that it feels like Lust or Spouseful Love, but, even just being around the person satisfies you. That's how it feels with Alexandra, right?
>Though with her asking about experimenting it almost makes me wonder if you should just ask to experiment with her instead.
...Actually, you're already spending a bit of personal time with her, it's not much of a date to advance to stretching... Er, I mean not much of a stretch to advance to dating. I don't think there's even an innuendo to that, how'd I mix it up? If you want to run some personal tests, obtain gay smut, see how repulsive it is.
>Also sing an alliance? Is that a Vildman custom? I'm actually quite curious to watch.
I've been hearing "Sing" a lot in this world--at least, on this continent. I believe it's how they refer to using their talent in speechcraft to convince others. ...Although, it might just be that he literally is going to sing. That would be fun to watch.
>>
No. 582113 ID: 40935b

>[“The Alchemist” Status: Tipsy, Depressed.]
Remind us to smack and then hug Jal later. Or you can do it yourself, if you're so inclined.

>Do this so called order of “light” not worship a demon!? How are they any different from the other cultists?
[reply: The daemon's name is Lightbringer, (aka steve). If our information is correct, both he and gatekeeper (aka Bob) aided mortals against other daemons before. Steve plans to become mortal and seal off the daemon realm permanently. If our information isn't correct we'd like to know as soon as possible because we'd rather not end up facilitating the end of the world.]

>Vladimir, if you want my advice then experiment.
Ohh, is that an offer?

>Also sing an alliance? Is that a Vildman custom?
I now have the mental image of a bunch of large, burly bearded men negotiating an alliance entirely in the style of a dramatic opera.
>>
No. 582124 ID: f758a8

>Do this so called order of “light” not worship a demon!? How are they any different from the other cultists?
[Message to Green: Regardless of whether he has some secret evil motive, Steve is demonstrably fighting the forces other darmons right now. The undead forces of the other demons are doing fairly well while divided between fighting both you and the Order, so taking out Steve and letting them focus their entire force against you doesn't seem strategically sound.]
>>
No. 582125 ID: d0e0a2

[Message to Green: As way of explanation for why we've sided with Lightbringer, here is a primer of what we have found out so far of the daemons and their conflict: Daemons are very powerful immortal extra-dimensional and extra-temporal beings that perceive and experience time in a non-linear fashion across multiple time-lines. Their source of sustenance is mortal emotions; 'Good' emotions such as happiness are tasty and 'bad' emotions such as fear are filling. While technically daemons can't die, they can wither away to power- and mindless madness if they starve which is effectively death for them. There are a fixed number of daemon bodies; No daemon bodies can be created nor destroyed. However, they can remove their minds from their bodies and place it into another body, but a new daemon mind will immediately spawn in their original body to replace it.

There are two factions in the daemon realm: The ruling faction, of which Lightbringer/Steve and Gatekeeper/Bob are part of, and the rebel faction led by The King Clad in Gold of which the Blood God, Dark One, and The Deceiver are part of. The rebel faction's objective is to fuel the overthrow of the ruling faction by extracting a large quantity of emotional energy from this world to feed their army. They'll do this by breaking down the barrier between their realm and this world then capture many, many mortals and stick them in 'suffering tubes' where they'll be subjected to horrific daemonic illusions while being kept alive with life-sustaining magics. And FYI, Järgien will be ground zero for their invasion since the Pillar of the Heavens is the weak point between this world and the daemon realm.

The ruling daemon faction's objective is to seal away the daemon realm with the seals on our world's side, preventing meddling from any daemon in our world, which will secure the ruling faction's position of power over the daemon realm indefinitely. To do this requires a majority of the four Greater Elemental Runes which are locked in four ancient Vaults around the world. Conversely the rebel faction needs a majority of the Runes to break down the barrier to this world. Each Vault requires eight keystones and a Lesser Elemental Rune to open, while a Lesser Rune vault requires one keystone to open. BTW, we're still rather pissed that you sold that keystone to the cultists; WTF were you thinking there?

Of course you don't have to believe a word of this, and that's fine. You should go seek out your own sources to confirm it and not just take our word. Even we aren't 100% certain if we're right or if we're somehow being misled or misinformed, but so far we haven't seen or heard anything credible to the contrary. So until we get some solid evidence we're being played we're gonna stick with Lightbringer's side. And if you can come up with a plan to seal the daemon realm without any daemon assistance, then we're all ears over here.

And setting aside all that for a moment: You asked how the Order of Light is any different from the other cultists. Well, I ask of you to look at their deeds and actions and judge them by those and not by who or what leads them. I think you'll find yourself very hard pressed to say they're worse than the cultists, but if you have qualms with things they've done, then by all means, tell us.]

Man, took so long writing this that I'm going to post it now to get it in right away. I'll try to bang out another post with my suggestions before the update.
>>
No. 582127 ID: 2fd516

>>582109
[Message to Green: Um, is one of our squids stuck in the Rebel King's magnificent beard? Could you help us out and remove it, if so?]

We agreed Jal could have a drink or two. Tipsy is about right for that so he's doing well.
>>
No. 582130 ID: 65a774
File 140415705277.png - (25.69KB , 900x450 , 21.png )
582130

>[Message to Green: As way of explanation for why we've sided with Lightbringer, here is a primer of what we have found out so far of the daemons and their conflict…]
[And where, pray tell, have you gotten this information?]
>If our information isn't correct we'd like to know as soon as possible because we'd rather not end up facilitating the end of the world.
[Ah, you are willing to question your own knowledge… good…]
>Regardless of whether he has some secret evil motive, Steve is demonstrably fighting the forces other darmons right now. The undead forces of the other demons are doing fairly well while divided between fighting both you and the Order, so taking out Steve and letting them focus their entire force against you doesn't seem strategically sound.
[Indeed, that wouldn’t be a sound choice, now would it?]
>You asked how the Order of Light is any different from the other cultists. Well, I ask of you to look at their deeds and actions and judge them by those and not by who or what leads them.
[A good answer… and that is why I am here to talk about an alliance… or in the case of my army… sing, as they like to do…]

>No, but Alexandra has her strengths that you could work on. Training of all sorts.
Well… yes… I know that but… I was referring to walking a few laps… that won’t do much…
>yeah you could practice some speech craft, find a nice mirror and practice, or discuss with the others for a while.
Um… I don’t think speaking to a mirror will help…
>Vlad, if you seek to practice the art of seduction... We have no qualms with that! In fact, we encourage it!
Err… yeah… that too… um… I have no idea how to actually… um…
>Actually you can love someone for just their personality and mind over what their body details, it'd be a platonic love though if you don't enjoy the body
Well… that’s the thing… I… um… how do you say this in a refined way… I want to dance a horizontal tango with her… I’m pretty sure that’s a bit of lust for the body right there…

>Also sing an alliance? Is that a Vildman custom? I'm actually quite curious to watch.
:VladUNB: Um… you mean sign, right?
:AlexUNB: No, sing… think… um… drinking songs, kind of. They have a long history of bardic lore and stuff so…
:VladUNB: Really?
>Though with her asking about experimenting it almost makes me wonder if you should just ask to experiment with her instead.
:AlexUNB: What!? That’s not- I didn’t-
:VladUNB: Um… that was the-
:AlexUNB: Yes, I know it was the voices! I can hear them too!
>If you want to run some personal tests, obtain gay smut, see how repulsive it is.
:AlexUNB: *Sigh* …this… this will sound very unlady like but… if you really want to try I can borrow you some… um… prime “material”… and a toy with… um… lotion…
:VladUNB: … I… err… I don’t really… um…
>..Actually, you're already spending a bit of personal time with her, it's not much of a date to advance to stretching... Er, I mean not much of a stretch to advance to dating.
:AlexUNB: As much as I would want to stretch him, he’s still a kid. Cute kid, yes, but still a naïve, immature kid.
:VladUNB: …wait, what was that about stretching?
:AlexUNB: …nothing, Vlad. So no, I’m pretty sure any dating wouldn’t work out at all.
:VladUNB: …but… we can at least try one date?
:AlexUNB: ...hmmf… no…

Insert Let me sing you the song of my people!_
>>
No. 582131 ID: 2fd516

>>582130
Vlad you should probably just see if you like gay porn before going out on a date that might end in disappointment. And a toy if you're brave enough. Doesn't have to be Alex's, though. Maybe you should go and get some of your own. Be a man about it.

[scan those present]
>>
No. 582133 ID: 9ddf68

fuck man these Vildman are everywhere. I mean yeah it makes seance since where else would they be since a good group of there army is here in town but I really didn't expect them to spread out so fast.

Oh a for a random idea for the whole dating advice thing, you could just try to put Vlad in a three some with a guy and a girl so he can have a sample of both to see what he does and doesn't like. Not sure how to pull that one off per say but just throwing it out there.
>>
No. 582135 ID: dbe554

>>582133

..So we should give him to Jal and another girl? Somehow this plan sounds like it'll end somewhere bad.
>>
No. 582136 ID: d8a627

>And where, pray tell, have you gotten this information?
[Reply: We've met with a number of daemons... Both in person and through avatars. We have consulted those involved and learned what they understood on the matters, and have also found that many Daemons do not leave us corrupted. This may only mean that they wish to control us through manipulation as opposed to overriding our control, though, so we are keeping wary.]
>Indeed, that wouldn’t be a sound choice, now would it?
[Reply: Glad to see the second player we've encountered with a status of "Insanely difficult to defeat" shares our most base views.]
>or in the case of my army… sing, as they like to do…
Okay, so they totally do sing all operalike. The vildermaan and the Vilderkaat(Might be remembering it wrong, I think this is what Bob said females of the breed were called) totally will be singing all dramatically.
>I have no idea how to actually
And this is why we suggest practice!
>Vildermaan with open helmet
Oh god I hate it when something obstructs our view. Is there a stray drop of rain or something? It looks like he's got a vertical, clean cut straight down him.
>…wait, what was that about stretching?
I have no idea o_o
I simply worded my phrasing wrong and it felt like it was something but I'm pretty clueless when it comes to stu--OH GOOD LORD ALEXANDRA. That is NOT the kind of thought a proper lady should have!
>…but… we can at least try one date?
Vlad, when practicing the art of seduction... Get random, nameless mooks to practice on. Maaaaaybe Anna, once she's feeling better.
>>
No. 582142 ID: 65a774
File 140416445527.png - (17.06KB , 900x450 , 22.png )
582142

>[scan those present]
[Neutral Creature (Friendly): Order Guard.]
[Neutral Creature (Neutral): Civilian.] x 6
[Neutral Creature (Neutral): Vildmans Soldat.]
[“The Hunter” status: Exited. “The Priest” status: Horny.]
>[Reply: Glad to see the second player we've encountered with a status of "Insanely difficult to defeat" shares our most base views.]
[I do hope you know what you’re doing, Teal…]

>fuck man these Vildman are everywhere. I mean yeah it makes sense since where else would they be since a good group of there army is here in town but I really didn't expect them to spread out so fast.
:VladUNB: Well, a lot of people who lives in the town are actually Vildmän to start with...
>Okay, so they totally do sing all opera like. The vildermaan and the Vilderkaat totally will be singing all dramatically.
:AlexUNB: It’s not like opera, more like bard singing… and it’s Vildman / Vildmän for males and Vildkvinna / Vildkvinnor for females.
:VladUNB: Wait, they have females? I’ve never ac-
:AlexUNB: They got beards, that why… and really small breast unless they just had a child.
:VladUNB: Oh…

>Oh a for a random idea for the whole dating advice thing, you could just try to put Vlad in a three some with a guy and a girl so he can have a sample of both to see what he does and doesn't like.
:AlexUNB: That’s a bit… extreme to start with, don’t you think? Besides, I doubt he knows where to find people for this three way anyway.
>Vlad you should probably just see if you like gay porn before going out on a date that might end in disappointment. And a toy if you're brave enough. Doesn't have to be Alex's, though.
:AlexUNB: Do you even know where to get that kind of stuff?
:VladUNB: Um… no… not really…
:AlexUNB: Well, if it’s only one time you can borrow that stuff… it would be a waste to buy new stuff if it turned out you didn’t like it.
:VladUNB: Um… thanks, Alexandra.
:AlexUNB: Hey, that’s what friends are for… and… um… I didn’t really have the opportunity to experiment myself at your age so… I don’t want you to be in the same situation, alright?
>Vlad, when practicing the art of seduction... Get random, nameless mooks to practice on. Maaaaaybe Anna, once she's feeling better.
:AlexUNB: Do you even know anything about seducing?
:VladUNB: Um… you… compliment someone, right?
:AlexUNB: …that’s at least in the right direction. I would recommend that you actually learn something before you go out and make a fool of yourself in front of people.
>I simply worded my phrasing wrong and it felt like it was something but I'm pretty clueless when it comes to stu--OH GOOD LORD ALEXANDRA. That is NOT the kind of thought a proper lady should have!
:AlexUNB: Oh, shut it! I lady can fantasize, can’t she!? Geez…
:VladUNB: I still have no idea what you guys are talking about…
:AlexUNB: …and that’s for the better.

Insert That’s one lap… only one more to go! You’re almost on the home stretch!_
>>
No. 582144 ID: dbe554

Stretching your butt.

With her dick.

Knowledge gained!

Regardless though complimenting someone is a good thing, I mean you've seen Jal at work some and he's usually able to get someone.
>>
No. 582147 ID: 2fd516

>>582144
Shhhh!

>>582142
You know, it occurs to me that the mission Steve is sending us on to destroy a caravan might not be in our best interests. I wonder if there's any way we can confirm what it is we're destroying, before we do it? Also, the bearded wanted man has green eyes, I wonder if he's a pawn of Green?

[reply to Green: If you're so worried why don't you find some independent information on your own and share it? Make sure we can confirm it's legit too. Oh right I just remembered... One of our pawns had a vision while under the influence of the Dark One that showed the Rebel King turning his army against the Order, because he was corrupted by the Dark One. So there's a possibility that The Dark One wants to corrupt the Vildman rebel king. Be careful. Keep him away from Dark One cultists, they can corrupt via proximity. You should too from here on out. I hope you were keeping an eye on your corruption levels during the kidnapping/backstabbing you did with the cultists. Oh, and... do you know anything about the Von Zolner family?]

Hmm. I wonder if there's anything productive we can do right now?

[message to Grey: Hey, has the player behind Brad's kidnapping tried to talk to you yet? I'd like to keep his color private, because you know, the whole corruption thing you warned us about.]
>>
No. 582151 ID: 40935b

>[I do hope you know what you’re doing, Teal…]
Yeeeah we'll get back to him on that.

Alexandra, why are you so certain a relationship wouldn't work? Are you worried you'll hurt Vlad? Could you at least just get lunch later or something? We'll even leave you alone to check on Anna.

>>582144
I agree with Alexandra- in this instance, ignorance is bliss.
>>
No. 582153 ID: d0e0a2

[Message to Green: We hope we do as well. Oh, and by the way, could you explain why you sold that cyan keystone to the cultists. 'Cause from what you've said I'd figure you'd be the last person to sell them anything they really want, even if you didn't know what it was for.]

Vlad, you wanted to train your speech-craft, seduction and 'other' bardic skills, right? Well, how 'bout you work on the first two, with a chance of the third, by hitting on a few gals you find attractive? And since I figure Alexandra knows a bit about the first two, she can help here by instructing you in the basics and also hanging back within earshot, discreetly watching so she can tell you how to do better after the first few times you fall flat.

Approaching someone who might have an interest in common with you would be a good start. You're interested in learning to play the harp, so perhaps look around for a gal about your age who plays the harp as well.

If you're going to test for what you're sexually interested in, Vlad, then you should expose yourself to a variety of porn and not just the gay stuff. So guy-on-gal and gal-on-gal in as many different species combinations as you can get. Oh, and you expressed interest in boobs, so get some with an emphasis on those. And to be a decent test you gotta look at each 'hands off' with a cool-down between each sample, otherwise the little head will be influencing the big head way too much. Though, now the question is where to get the porn. Does Jal have a stash Vlad could borrow?

>That’s a bit… extreme to start with, don’t you think? Besides, I doubt he knows where to find people for this three way anyway.
True, but it doesn't hurt to fantasize, does it? And who knows, maybe fantasy could become reality~
>>
No. 582154 ID: d8a627

>you've seen Jal at work some and he's usually able to get someone.
[Mission for Vlad: Learn to seduce from Jal. Accept or Decline?]
>Also, the bearded wanted man has green eyes, I wonder if he's a pawn of Green?
Bearded wanted man? I thought you were talking about the Vildmaan king at first, but I don't think he's wanted.
>[I do hope you know what you’re doing, Teal…]
[Reply: As do we, Green. Hopefully, having more than just us (The Voices of the Many that is our avatar) in on the loop will help us find the real truths.]
>Oh, shut it! I lady can fantasize, can’t she!? Geez…
I just had a thought. We should totally get Alexandra together with Elizah. I mean, what with how polyamorous the Serath Sultanite is, I'm sure it's possible. Only problem is how to convince them to accept it without revealing her past...
Well, Rose would surely be willing. I will say that.
>[reply to Green: If you're so worried why don't you find some independent information on your own and share it? Make sure we can confirm it's legit too.
Rephrase this: [Reply: If you're so worried, then please, seek independent information to share. Preferably some that we can confirm as legitimate, too, though if you can't find verification yourself, we could certainly offer our aid in that.]
>Shhhh!
Well, let me reword it to be more subtle: Vlad, she does fantasize about having a relationship with you, and the order of the words did put stretching after a date. Unless you can convince her to go on a date with you... Suffice to say, you don't need to know.

It's starting to feel like we need a separate window just to track all of these player conversations. I wonder how difficult it would be to open one up... and how obstructive of our view it would be.
>>
No. 582155 ID: d0e0a2

>>582154
He's talking about the guy who massacred all those Von Zolner thugs. According to the witnesses he had dark green eyes like Brad. At least, I think they're dark green. The paper the guy's depiction was on might have altered the color slightly.
>>
No. 582157 ID: 2fd516

>>582155
Brad has a lighter shade of green for his eyes though.
>>
No. 582193 ID: 9ddf68

>[I do hope you know what you’re doing, Teal…]
heheheh, oh wait you actually meant that... HAHAHAHAHA oh god we don't even know if our past is even real or not much less what the hell is going on now. It's one of the main reasons we're so paranoid, because we don't know anything and believe everyone is out to get us because we don't really know who is and isn't really out to get us.

Also do either of you know what the deal is with all the girls swooning over the Vildmen? Can they even tell if they're talking to a Vildman or a Vildkvinna?
>>
No. 582200 ID: d8a627

>>582193
>Also do either of you know what the deal is with all the girls swooning over the Vildmen? Can they even tell if they're talking to a Vildman or a Vildkvinna?
I'm... fairly certain it's a mutual involvement. And that one there is a MAN who's swooning over a Vildmaan/Vildkvinna.
Question is, if there's swooning involved, why's there eyebrow raising involved?
>>
No. 582274 ID: 65a774
File 140423372499.png - (25.36KB , 900x450 , 23.png )
582274

>[Reply: If you're so worried, then please, seek independent information to share. Preferably some that we can confirm as legitimate, too, though if you can't find verification yourself, we could certainly offer our aid in that.]
[Message from Green: I have tried to find information on my own, but all that exist is either shrouded in myth or have been made by demon hands one way or another.]
>[Would you explain why you sold that cyan keystone to the cultists. 'Cause from what you've said I'd figure you'd be the last person to sell them anything they really want, even if you didn't know what it was for.]
[I am sorry to say, but the plan require that you’re in the blind. All I can say is to trust me in the end… and that your enemies have eyes and ears everywhere.]
>[One of our pawns had a vision while under the influence of the Dark One that showed the Rebel King turning his army against the Order, because he was corrupted by the Dark One.]
[Hmm… there is truth there… and lies… believe what you must, as thing won’t change in the end.]
>[message to Grey: Hey, has the player behind Brad's kidnapping tried to talk to you yet? I'd like to keep his color private, because you know, the whole corruption thing you warned us about.]
[Message from Grey: You mean Green? Yes, we are discussing things right now. He’s already explained why he did it… now, please, we are trying to negotiate here…]
>[Hmm. I wonder if there's anything productive we can do right now?]
[If you want to do something then go clear the name of that “traitor” pawn you have. My advice would be to either go look at that order those guards came with, Mikhail would have left them with captain Andrzej by now, or go find the other royal soldier, the lizard, and talk with her. She is supposed to be on break somewhere in this town.]

>Do either of you know what the deal is with all the girls swooning over the Vildmen? Can they even tell if they're talking to a Vildman or a Vildkvinna?
:AlexUNB: Large, muscular veteran soldiers? I can see why there would be some… swooning from some people.
>You know, it occurs to me that the mission Steve is sending us on to destroy a caravan might not be in our best interests. I wonder if there's any way we can confirm what it is we're destroying, before we do it?
:AlexUNB: Err… we can check the goods before we burn them? I mean, our job was to pretty much kill most of the people who are guarding the stuff so…
>Also, the bearded wanted man has green eyes, I wonder if he's a pawn of Green?
:AlexUNB: You mean the Brad look-a-like? You do realize Brad has green eyes too and isn’t a pawn of green, right?
>Just had a thought. We should totally get Alexandra together with Elizah. I mean, what with how polyamorous the Serath Sultanite is, I'm sure it's possible.
:AlexUNB: Err… first off… I like gentlemen… not women. Second off, she’s the freaking Sultan of a freaking country! There’s no way I can just waltz in there and start a relationship!
:VladUNB: Hey, I said the same thing… um… kind off… almost… err… I thought about saying it… um…

>[Mission for Vlad: Learn to seduce from Jal. Accept or Decline?]
:AlexUNB: Jal technique is a bit… let’s just say, instead of catching a fish gracefully with a spear he opts to just blow the whole lake up. Sure, he’ll get a few pieces of fish for it, but he can’t really fish there again.
:VladUNB: So… um… I shouldn’t learn from him?
:AlexUNB: Actually, you should. Just… you might need a bit more guidance then that.
>Vlad, you wanted to train your speech-craft, seduction and 'other' bardic skills, right? Well, how 'bout you work on the first two, with a chance of the third, by hitting on a few gals you find attractive?
:AlexUNB: My suggestion would be to talk with Jal a bit first… while I’m there so I can steer him a in the right direction. Then when you have the basics you can start using your “skills” on a few gals. Experience is the best way to learn, after all.
:VladUNB: Right, then that’s the plan… um… thanks, Alexandra.
>If you're going to test for what you're sexually interested in, Vlad, then you should expose yourself to a variety of porn and not just the gay stuff. Does Jal have a stash Vlad could borrow?
:AlexUNB: Yes… *sigh* Yes, he does… but you have to talk to him about it.

>Vlad, she does fantasize about having a relationship with you, and the order of the words did put stretching after a date. Unless you can convince her to go on a date with you... Suffice to say, you don't need to know.
:VladUNB: Wait, you were fantasize about a date with me?
:AlexUNB: Not a date… err… you know… things after a date…
>Stretching your butt.
:VladUNB: I… oh… you mean…
:AlexUNB: Oh g-gods, you g-guys…
>With her dick.
:VladUNB:
:AlexUNB: D-dammit…
>Knowledge gained!
:VladUNB: ...I’m… both terrified and aroused by that prospect… um… are you alr-
:AlexUNB: Y-yes! I’m f-fine… it’s j-just… that w-was very embarrassing, ALRIGHT!?

>Alexandra, why are you so certain a relationship wouldn't work?
:AlexUNB: A-as I already said… he’s a kid. A naïve, immature kid… and we don’t really have that much in common. You can’t really base a relationship on physical attraction alone.
>Could you at least just get lunch later or something?
:AlexUNB:
>Are you worried you'll hurt Vlad?
:AlexUNB: I… I…
:VladUNB: Um… you don’t need to worry, Alexandra… I…
:AlexUNB: …no, it’s not that… it’s… I… I’m afraid I’ll hurt myself… I’ve never… not really…
:VladUNB: …wait, you’ve never been in an relationship before!?
:AlexUNB: …no, no I haven’t…

Insert Stretching the truth!_
>>
No. 582280 ID: d8a627

>...I’m… both terrified and aroused
...Not touching this.
Y'know what, I'm thinking we should leave you two alone for now while we check up on the sisters, see if they've actually looked into the comparison between orders.
[Switch to Drina]
>>
No. 582291 ID: dbe554

Except he's not basing it purely on your body, Vlad tell her what you told us about her personality and what you've thought of her beyond her body. But yes we will leave you alone if you desire.
>>
No. 582299 ID: 2fd516

>>582274
Hmm, I think we should check the signature/seal with Drina, then visit the on-break guard with Vlad or Jal.
>>
No. 582303 ID: cae5f0

Enough of this! We should rather look that Anna keeps her head instead of playing tanglebuddys here.
[Switch to Drina]
[try to get the squddlesong out of my mind]
>>
No. 582304 ID: d0e0a2

Ah, of course you've never been in a relationship before, what with your family. Even trying to keep it secret it would be too risky they'd find out and punish you and whoever you were with. So you felt it wouldn't be safe to go much beyond hook-ups, yes?

Alexandra, you say Vlad is a naïve, immature kid, and you don't want to take advantage of him because of that, but to that I say who else would be better for him to get the experience, knowledge and wisdom to grow out of being a naïve, immature kid from than you? He trusts you. He knows you won't hurt him. You could be for Vlad the person you wish you had when you were younger, when you were experimenting and terrified and figuring things out for yourself the hard way. You've been there, so you can be there for him.

And you both haven't been in relationships before, so you both can learn from trying one together. Consider it a training relationship for you both. Just as long as you both go in knowing that you both are inexperienced and that it's not likely going to last and that if one doesn't want to continue then you'll break up amicably. Also, you say you two don't have much in common, but you both could try to share and learn each other's interests and see if anything sticks. Even if it doesn't work out you'll both come out of this better persons than you went in.

And while what we said was horribly embarrassing it does show that Vlad is interested enough that he isn't scared off by the idea of the act. Vlad, what part of it terrifies you? The part where it'd be your first time? The part where it'd be with Alexandra? Or is it more concerns about the technical parts of the act itself? 'Cause the last one can be mostly cleared up by a bit of education on how to go about it. If Alexandra's 'material' doesn't include information on that then she could instruct you or at least direct you to where you could read up on it.

Now, we have some things we'd like you to do to help Anna out once Alexandra finishes her lap. Seek out Drina or Dooriya and tell whichever one of them you find we want her to compare the old king's order with the order the two royal guards brought to see if it is a forgery and that Captain Andrzej has both orders right now. Then you two track down the lizard royal guard. Ask the Order guards which way she went, then keep following the trail asking guards, vendors and others that'd have been around if they've seen her. Afterwards you can take lunch at Sten's and check on Jal to make sure he hasn't drunk himself under the table before finishing the alchemy work.
>>
No. 582306 ID: 40935b

>I’m… both terrified and aroused
I think what you may be experiencing may be called 'love'. Other symptoms include elevated heart rate, difficulty speaking and blushing/increased body temperature. Symptoms are similar to that of 'fear', so your confusion is understandable.

Alexa, Vlad might be naive but he's no child, and you can't say you don't have anything in common when you hardly know each other. And don't let our constant perving let you think Vlad's feelings are based on physical attraction alone. Being around Jal for so long may have jaded your ideals about love, but I think Vlad is the least likely person to end up breaking your heart or trying to hurt you.

Also you're blushing so hard it can be seen through your mask.

Okay fine, we'll leave you two alone. Just keep on the lookout for that other royal soldier, the lizard. We have some questions about the decree she delivered. We'll see what else we can do to bail out Anna. And seriously, go and get some lunch.
>>
No. 582332 ID: 65a774
File 140425489718.png - (14.02KB , 900x450 , 24.png )
582332

> Alexandra, you say Vlad is a naïve, immature kid, and you don't want to take advantage of him because of that, but to that I say who else would be better for him to get the experience, knowledge and wisdom to grow out of being a naïve, immature kid from than you?
:AlexUNB: I’m not really… I don’t really have the experience myself, for IO’s sake!
>And you both haven't been in relationships before, so you both can learn from trying one together. Consider it a training relationship for you both.
:AlexUNB:
:VladUNB: um… it would be a learning experience?
:AlexUNB: It’s not rea-
:VladUNB: Think about it this way, what do you got to lose?
:AlexUNB: (…you.)
>Being around Jal for so long may have jaded your ideals about love, but I think Vlad is the least likely person to end up breaking your heart or trying to hurt you.
:AlexUNB: I admit, he’s really sweet and all but…

>Except he's not basing it purely on your body, Vlad tell her what you told us about her personality and what you've thought of her beyond her body.
:VladUNB: Oh, right… um… what was it I-
:AlexUNB: I was there, I know what you said... I… you don’t really… know me…
:VladUNB: I still hold to what I said! You’re beautiful both inside and outside, Alexandra.
:AlexUNB: Vlad, that’s just corny.
>Vlad, what part of it terrifies you? The part where it'd be your first time? The part where it'd be with Alexandra? Or is it more concerns about the technical parts of the act itself?
:VladUNB: Well, it’s more… um… the part about stuff being in my butt…
>I think what you may be experiencing may be called 'love'. Other symptoms include elevated heart rate, difficulty speaking and blushing/increased body temperature.
:VladUNB: I know how love feels, sheesh!
:AlexUNB: Well, maybe the love you feel is the love for having stuff in your butt. *Snrk*
:VladUNB: Oh, shut it, lady.
>Seriously, go and get some lunch.
:AlexUNB: *Ugh* Fine… lunch it is. We’ll go to Sten’s… and we’ll talk, alright?
:VladUNB: Sounds good to me!


>Y'know what, I'm thinking we should leave you two alone for now while we check up on the sisters, see if they've actually looked into the comparison between orders.
:DrinaUNB: What do you mean, they match?
:AndrzejUNB: See, the seals are a perfect match. Whoever wrote this document had access to the royal seal.
:DrinaUNB: But look, the signature aren’t identical!
:AndrzejUNB: Well, they both have that weird n on the end. I mean, it’s possible that the king don’t sing everything exacly the same way… err… he can’t possibly make every signature identical.
:DrinaUNB: His job is to sign stuff. His signature would be in his freaking blood by now!
:AndrzejUNB: Wait, isn’t his job to party like Siegfried himself came with the ale?
:DrinaUNB: Ugh, this is leading us nowhere…

Insert It’s good to be the king! –Picard
>>
No. 582343 ID: 9ddf68

hit a road block I see. Mind if I ask a question or two. If these guys really did come by order of the king, and you have the leader of the rebel army in your town... isn't that going to cause some issues? But other then the seals how goes the investigation?
>>
No. 582351 ID: 2fd516

>>582332
A forged signature would have easily identifiable bits like that weird n, because they're copying from an example. There would likely be some errors here and there though. So this sortof sounds like a forged signature... but that's difficult to prove.

What about the parchment used? Is that the correct type? Or the ink? Are there any marks or stains on the parchment or envelope or anything? What about the wax used to make the seal- is that the right type of wax?

If there's nothing significantly wrong with the signature, we should go talk to the guard that's on break. Uh, that is, if you can do it without arising her suspicion.
>>
No. 582355 ID: d8a627

>Identical Seal and Signature
Well, he's right. It does make sense that the signature is a bit different--We were told that he only signs things when it comes to death penalties and the like.

Look: What you need to do here is scour over the wording.
What did the judicial autonomy grant the order?
Do they have more leeway than the King does when it comes to the city? If so, his new order means diddly squat so long as Anna is in the city.
How does the new order claim Anna should be punished? I believe it was "as determined by the knights" or something like that, but, thing is, Judicial Autonomy means "The knights" becomes the "Knights of the Order" and once her "penalty" is decided upon, that's that.
>Uh, that is, if you can do it without arising her suspicion.
Jal is still available for the task, isn't he? I mean, we told him not to drink until after he finished his task, and when we checked, he was tipsy. [Check status of The Alchemist]
The, uh, problem is that we don't know of the Lizard went to the "High-end" tavern where Sten is at, or to the Tavern "The Crippled Spider" at the poor side of town. Jal probably won't want to go to The Crippled Spider.
>>
No. 582387 ID: d0e0a2

Alright, I can think up a number of ways they could have got a perfect seal and signature but there's no way to check on them without going to the capitol to investigate and if we did that we may as well ask the king about it directly. One I can think of we might be able to check for here is if the king was presented with some mundane matter of state to sign and the text of the document was written in special ink that either fades to nothing when soaked in an alchemical wash or exposed to a certain kind of light, or is washed away by a alchemical solution and then they'd write new text in its place. Something like that could leave faint faded spots on the parchment where the ink was, or a slight discoloration between the signature and the text portions of the document. So hold the royal guards' orders up to, as well as examine it under, a strong light, and also try holding it near a heat source to see if anything discolors.

We could also check if the document parchment or ink matches to the old decree, but to do that will require access to the original document, not the copy you have here. It'll probably also require cutting out a small sample to do the analysis and I don't know how much the archivists object to that, or how long it'd take to check it. Even without analysis you could just do a visual, smell and feel check of the documents to check if they're off somehow. And if you're at the archive you may as well pull all the royal decrees the Order has and compare the signatures across all of them.

Check the wording of the royal guards' order against the old decree from the king. Is the text of the guards' order off in any way? Is it as florid as the legit decree? It's unlikely it would be 'cause I'd imagine if they were going to make a forgery they'd take the text of an old traitor decree and copy it, changing only the name and other details.

Well, even if we don't find anything about the royal guards' order that we could nail them with the king's decree of the Order's judicial autonomy will still keep them from being able to legally execute Anna. Then we just have to worry about them pulling some other shit to kill her.

Yanno, it strikes me just how easy it'd be to fake a royal decree if who you're presenting it to didn't have a known legit sample of the seal and signature. Having just fancy writing, a easily faked wax or ink stamp seal and a signature that isn't commonly known as the only protection against a forged document just seems to me to be quite weak. There's no special parchment, ink, or sealing wax. No watermarks or embossing or fancy anti-counterfeiting tricks. Considering that I wouldn't be surprised in the least if we found out there's a fair number of forged decrees floating around Järgien.

In hindsight I'm thinking that Vlad's naïve idea to write the king to ask for confirmation of the royal guards' order was actually a pretty good idea. The king's reply ought to tell us for sure if they're legit. Ask Andrzej what the usual response time is on an express letter such as the one he penned is.

We also have a tentative plan to try and get some info about all this out of the lizard gal royal guard by having Jal approach her and work his charm; AKA get her drunk. A little guidance from us to keep Jal on course and she might just let something slip.

So, how much are you looking forward to dinner with Tsure? You thought about bringing a gift? Flowers, perhaps? Or chocolates? Or are those too cliché? Oh, wait! When is the mission? Do you think you're going to be able to get back before five?
>>
No. 582407 ID: d8a627

>So, how much are you looking forward to dinner with Tsure? You thought about bringing a gift? Flowers, perhaps? Or chocolates? Or are those too cliché?
We did kind of space out during their conversation, but Tsure did seem to enjoy literature, including erotic forms based around soldiers and warriors. She might actually appreciate the Lesbian's copy of Confessions of a Paladin or whatever it's called.
>Do you think you're going to be able to get back before five?
...If there's even a remote possibility that you won't, make sure to send a message saying that you will give it your all to completely the mission efficiently but quickly before five, but that unexpected circumstances may delay you. She's a soldier, she'll understand.
>>
No. 582440 ID: 65a774
File 140431808323.png - (15.71KB , 900x450 , 25.png )
582440

>[Check status of The Alchemist]
[“The Alchemist” Status: Drunk, crying, depressed.]

>If these guys really did come by order of the king, and you have the leader of the rebel army in your town... isn't that going to cause some issues?
Err… wrong king? The rebel king is rebelling against the Vildmännens nation up north, not Järgien. So, in short, King Eric, the one giving the orders, isn’t the same king the rebel king is rebelling against.
>Ask Andrzej what the usual response time is on an express letter such as the one he penned to the king is.
:AndrzejUNB: Um… actually, we don’t send it directly to the king. They got a bunch of royal scribes and stuff the next town over from here that keeps all the orders and stuff from the throne in check in this area. If this order is legit it must have gone through there.
:DrinaUNB: …and how long does it take?
:AndrzejUNB: Oh, right… by sending it the bird way it should take less than half an hour… but of course, they have to process it and then send it back again.

>A forged signature would have easily identifiable bits like that weird n, because they're copying from an example.
You’re right… it’s suspicious!
>What about the parchment used? Is that the correct type? Or the ink?
:DrinaUNB: Ha! Look at this! It’s not made of the same parchment! Or use the same ink! See, one is made of good quality paper and ink with a reddish tint, you know, expensive stuff! While the other is made out of this crappy cheap stuff we usually u-
:AndrzejUNB: that’s because it’s a copy? You even said the execution order was the expensive one…
:DrinaUNB: …oh, right…
>but to do that will require access to the original document, not the copy you have here.
:DrinaUNB: …well, crap, they are both written on same kind of parchment and in the same kind of ink…
>What about the wax used to make the seal- is that the right type of wax?
It’s the same… as least, as far I can tell.
>If you're at the archive you may as well pull all the royal decrees the Order has and compare the signatures across all of them.
We’ve only gotten two orders from the king, not including the execution order, and they all look the same…

>Yanno, it strikes me just how easy it'd be to fake a royal decree if who you're presenting it to didn't have a known legit sample of the seal and signature. Having just fancy writing, a easily faked wax or ink stamp seal and a signature that isn't commonly known as the only protection against a forged document just seems to me to be quite weak.
:AndrzejUNB: Well, usually the orders goes to the royal scribes who have some kind of secret system to see if they are legit or not but… um… we’re kind of a exception… and… um… we don’t really have the same means to check… mostly because we didn’t actually consider getting orders like this…
>Hold the royal guards' orders up to, as well as examine it under, a strong light, and also try holding it near a heat source to see if anything discolors.
:DrinaUNB: …hey, check this out… there’s something… look… if you hold our Judicial Autonomy order up to the light.
:AndrzejUNB: Huh… there’s some kind of symbol… um… inside the paper? …and there, there’s the date the order was written… with some kind of code under it.
:DrinaUNB: More importantly, check out the other old order we got.
:AndrzejUNB: …it’s the same? Just another date and code?
:DrinaUNB: And here’s the order of execution.
:AndrzejUNB: …there’s nothing there! It’s a fake! Ha! We got them!

>We should go talk to the guard that's on break.
:AndrzejUNB: Right, the more evidence we gather against them the better! So… um… where is she?
:DrinaUNB: Don’t ask me, all I’ve heard is that she went on a “break”.
>Jal is still available for the task, isn't he?
Err… I trust that drunkard as far as I can throw him…

>So, how much are you looking forward to dinner with Tsure?
…oh, shit! SHIT SHIT SHIT! I totally forg-
>Do you think you're going to be able to get back before five?
By Siegfried’s beard! We’re supposed to intercept them at about three! I… I don’t know if I’ll make it!
>...If there's even a remote possibility that you won't, make sure to send a message saying that you will give it your all to completely the mission efficiently but quickly before five, but that unexpected circumstances may delay you. She's a soldier, she'll understand.
…right, she’ll understand… I hope… um… I have to get back before six, right?
>You thought about bringing a gift? Flowers, perhaps? Or chocolates?
I… like I said, I totally forgot… oh, man… I’m such a screw up! Dammit! Um… I don’t know… flowers, maybe?
>Tsure did seem to enjoy literature, including erotic forms based around soldiers and warriors. She might actually appreciate the Lesbian's copy of Confessions of a Paladin or whatever it's called.
Err… giving someone what’s nearly outright porn on the first date isn’t really… um… I’m pretty sure that’s something that would end in pain.

Insert But porn is always the right gift! It’s a gift that’s keep on giving, after all!_
>>
No. 582444 ID: dbe554

Well Jal is Drunk, Depressed, and crying his eyes out again... We really got to find some sort of system to get him out of his funk and drunken nature. Starting to feel bad for him.
>>
No. 582452 ID: 9ddf68

well how much time do we have before we head out? I mean if we got time you could always see if you couldn't find her and maybe just reschedule.

But yeah now that we found out the execution order was forged are we going to go right out and confront the two "royals" or what?

>The rebel king is rebelling against the Vildmännens nation up north, not Järgien.
ah... can I request a map at some point so we actually can get more then a vague idea where everything is.
>>
No. 582461 ID: d0e0a2

Excellent! The forged royal decree is more than enough to put those two away, but just to be sure we'll see if we can get something out of the lizard royal guard.

Okay, last we saw of the lizard RG she was at Sten's following Mikhail to the Cathedral, and then Vlad told us he heard the other royal guard tell her to go on break, so she most likely got to at least the Cathedral grounds. Start by asking the Order guards at the Cathedral entrances if and when they saw a lizard in royal guard armor pass through to determine if she's still in the Cathedral, then head out and ask the gate guards if she left the Cathedral. Follow the trail by asking the Order guards, merchant vendors, and anybody else who's been hanging around on the street all morning if they've seen her.

As for Tsure, you definitely should swing by her bakery and tell her you're going on mission this afternoon and might not make it back in time for dinner. And for a gift seek out Ella. She may know something about what Tsure really likes, and even if she doesn't you can still buy flowers from her. Ella should be at her stall in the market right now.

Dammit. Jal's status has gone from 'tipsy, depressed' to 'drunk, crying, depressed.' Man, I'd think that he'd still be on a high from falling in 'love' with Mikhail. Cripes... Well, it's rather callous to say, but I hope he finished the work for the mission first. We can worry about working on his mental problems afterwards.

>Vildmännens nation up north
Wait, there's a whole nation up there? I thought it was untamed wilderness north from Ängladal all the way to the Pillars of the Heavens. Just how much 'up north' is there from here to the edge of the world?
>>
No. 582476 ID: 65a774
File 140433223999.png - (20.82KB , 900x450 , 26.png )
582476

>Wait, there's a whole nation up there? I thought it was untamed wilderness north from Ängladal all the way to the Pillars of the Heavens. Just how much 'up north' is there from here to the edge of the world?
Well… it’s more north west… um… mostly west from where we are right now but… it lies north of Järgien as a whole so… as for how far we are from the edge... hmm… I can’t remember an exact value but it’s not far at all, barely a day on spider carriages. Heck, if you go just a bit north of a town you can actually see the wall on a clear day.
>Jal is Drunk, Depressed, and crying his eyes out again...
Oh, geez… now I feel a bit bad calling him stuff last time I saw him…
>How much time do we have before we head out?
Let’s see… she’s eleven right now so… less than four hours?
>I mean if we got time you could always see if you couldn't find her and maybe just reschedule.
You’re right, I need to go talk to her personally. I’ll do so right after I’ve dealt with these imposters.
>And for a gift seek out Ella. She may know something about what Tsure really likes, and even if she doesn't you can still buy flowers from her. Ella should be at her stall in the market right now.
…and I’ll bring her a gift too! As an apology! Perfect!

>Excellent! The forged royal decree is more than enough to put those two away, but just to be sure we'll see if we can get something out of the lizard royal guard.
:AndrzejUNB: Yes, go talk to the other one and find out what you can. I’ll deal with the human here.
:DrinaUNB: Right, Captain!
>Start by asking the Order guards at the Cathedral entrances if and when they saw a lizard in royal guard armor pass through to determine if she's still in the Cathedral, then head out and ask the gate guards if she left the Cathedral. Follow the trail by asking the Order guards, merchant vendors, and anybody else who's been hanging around on the street all morning if they've seen her.
:DrinaUNB: -seen a lizard in very flashy armor?
:PaladinUNB: She’s right over there, in the bar getting plastered.
:DrinaUNB: Ah… there she is… I have to admit, I’m a bit disappointed that she wasn’t hard to find…
:UnknownKAK: Another drink, barkeep!
:StenUNB: Right away, miss.
:DrinaUNB: (So… how do I approach her? I’m not really good at… um… being discreet, really…)

Insert Discreet as an enraged, blind bull in a china shop full of flowing fabric_
>>
No. 582479 ID: 40935b

A Keer guard? y'know, I never figured out what that mask-helmet thing is supposed to be.

I guess go up to the bar next to her, order something, comment on her armor and make like you're gossiping. Is she really a Royal guard? What's she doing all the way up here? Damn, an order of execution, did that come from right from the king? And you must be very trusted to get such a task.

At any point it becomes relevant, try to get her to reveal who she is, her partner is, if she saw the order being handed down or if the other guy told her it was, or why the other guy is so enthusiastic to bring Anna to 'justice'.

...does that guy in the helmet ever move?
>>
No. 582507 ID: d8a627

[Scan Keer guard and Keer woman]
Odd that they're up here... I wonder if they came in with Elizah? Serath is allies with Keer, if I remember right.
>>
No. 582518 ID: d0e0a2

Don't worry to much about messing this up, Drina. The forged decree already has this in the bag, so whatever you get here will just be icing on the cake.

Okay, play this like you would if you saw a royal guard here and were curious about why they were here. And add on acting like you have a bit more respect and reverence for the royal guard then you actually do. What we want to do here is butter her up and keep the booze flowing to loosen her tongue, then keep her talking until she lets something slip.

Approach the bar next to her and order lunch, then comment that you don't often see the royal guard up here and politely ask what brings her to these parts. She'll tell you all about the terrible, dastardly criminal and all that so play along, acting shocked at Anna's deeds and all that to get on the guard's good side. Keep agreeing with her and keep her happy. Offer to pay for the drink of one of the king's finest and keep paying for them. If there's a local specialty drink with a name nobody out of the area knows about that has a lot of alcohol but doesn't taste like it has much then order one for her.

If you know some real things about the royal guard that aren't commonly known, then try to use them to figure out if she's a real royal guard or not. Like, if there's some news that involved the royal guard that isn't public but the Order knows, then you could ask her about that.

Would her drinking alcohol be a point against her actually being a royal guard? I'd figure royal guard regulation is they're not supposed to drink on a break in the middle of their shift. Though it might just be she's willing to flaunt regulation this far out from her superiors.

Hey, do you see Vlad and Alexandra at one of the tables? They said they were going to take lunch here but it's probably a bit early for that. If they're not here just expect them to show up at some point. When they do we'll fill 'em in on what you're doing so they don't mess things up for you.
>>
No. 582536 ID: 9b57d3

>>582476
[scan all those present. Except I guess the bartender and the patron who is always here.]

FLIRT WITH HER.
>>
No. 582616 ID: 65a774
File 140439951562.png - (20.65KB , 900x450 , 27.png )
582616

>[scan all those present. Except I guess the bartender and the patron who is always here.]
[Neutral Creature (Neutral): Bar Patron.] x 2
[Neutral Creature (Neutral): City Guard.]
[Neutral Creature (Neutral): Keer Merchant.]
[Neutral Creature (Neutral): Merchant Guard.]

>A Keer guard? y'know, I never figured out what that mask-helmet thing is supposed to be.
Um… I think it’s some kind of… err… breathing thingy? They use a lot of poisons and toxics so… I think it’s supposed to protect them from that?
>Odd that they're up here...
Not that odd. This place has always had merchant coming from all over the world. It’s the main hub for all those crystal mines up here, after all.
>...does that guy in the helmet ever move?
…now that I think about it, I’ve never actually even seen him go take a piss…
>Hey, do you see Vlad and Alexandra at one of the tables?
They are sitting by one of the table down in the corner, a bit off to the side… err… wait, is Alex laughing? I’ve never actually… I know I’ve only known her a few days but… I’ve never actually seen her not being grumpy before now… huh…
>FLIRT WITH HER.
WHA- NO!

>I guess go up to the bar next to her, order something, comment on her armor and make like you're gossiping.
:DrinaUNB: Give me a nice, cold ale, Sten.
:StenUNB: Right away.
:DrinaUNB: Oh, and nice armor. Are you in the Royal army or something?
:UnknownKAK: Huh? Oh, yes, I am! I was recruited just this winter.
>Offer to pay for the drink of one of the king's finest.
:UnknownKAK: Oh, thank you! You heard her, another nonalcoholic cider, please.
:DrinaUNB: Nonalcoholic?
:UnknownKAK: yeah, I’m on duty, so no alcohol for me.
:DrinaUNB: Oh… um… anyway, what is a royal guard doing all the way up here?
:UnknownKAK: That’s not something I should ac- you know what, screw it, we’re hunting a dangerous criminal… or we would be… she was rather easy to catch…
:DrinaUNB: Hunting a criminal? Huh, like a traitor?
:UnknownKAK: Yeah! We’re here to make sure she’s executed properly.
:DrinaUNB: Really? Was it a direct order from the king!?
:UnknownKAK: Well yes… um… I think? I don’t know, it was my partner that came with it and said it was really important and stuff…
:DrinaUNB: …wait, so you mean you weren’t specifically chosen to hunt her down.
:UnknownKAK: What? No, I’m just a rookie… um… I guess the boss wanted me with him because the royal army always has to go in pairs, I guess? I don’t know, he told me to be rather quiet about this and not tell the others for some reason… it’s kind of weird…
:DrinaUNB: (…well, that’s settles it. The other Royal Guard is definitely up to something.)

Insert Strike the Earth!_
>>
No. 582632 ID: dbe554

Considering how easy it was to get information about such a task. It might be worthwhile to probe him. Gain some extra knowledge and see what's going on.
>>
No. 582638 ID: 9b57d3

We know the other one is Anna's uncle and is trying to get revenge for his brother's death.

Hmm... when they first showed up one of them was admonishing the other for being too passionate. The passionate one is the uncle... but apparently their boss tried to get this one to keep quiet about the orders. Or maybe both? That implies the boss is actually the one who forged the orders, and the uncle is just someone the boss knew he could manipulate.

Ask about her boss!
>>
No. 582639 ID: d8a627

>>582632
> to probe him
No markings. Unless he's got the same defect as Alex, this lizard's a she.

Also, she's completely out of the loop on this order being fake. Yeah, she has her own suspicions, but she's just a Rookie, she can't do squat about them. Ask her if her partner would happen to be a human of [insert description here] (We can't describe him ourselves due to poor eyesight), and intentionally act like your hiding something about him. If she confronts you on it, tell her he's been drawing suspicion onto himself, acting completely different from the other royal guards you've seen. Then, pause for a second or two before asking if she'd like to help proving who he really is--even if it turns out he's a real royal guard, she'll at least prevent you from wrongly penalizing him for impersonation.
>>
No. 582645 ID: 40935b

"He" told you, do you mean your partner or superior officer? Where is your partner, anyway? If you got sent out as a group, shouldn't you be sticking together?
>>
No. 582646 ID: d0e0a2

Okay, I think I have a way to get her to say some more but you'll have to lie. Put on a concerned expression and say that what she said about her boss wanting to keep it hush-hush reminds you of a story involving the royal guard from several years ago, when you were a kid. A royal guard commander forged a order of execution on one of the citizens up here and sent a guard he trusted to execute it but he needed a rookie to fill out the pair so it wouldn't be suspicious. And unfortunately it was only found out after the execution when it was discovered the order was missing the official watermark. The commander, the royal guards and the city guard commander all lost their heads over that affair. So is she sure the order is legit? Have there been any other irregularities in this as well? It is rather odd that such a dangerous criminal was so easy to catch, doesn't she think?

I notice the sky out the window has gone rather dark. There a storm coming? Anything we have to worry about for the mission?

>It’s the main hub for all those crystal mines up here, after all.
Crystals? Oh, are those the crystals used to store magic energy and spells and stuff like that? We saw them used all over the Serath sultan's palace for magic lighting and such. Is this area the best source of them in the world? It's not the only source, right?

>I’ve never actually seen her not being grumpy before now… huh…
Ah, excellent! Looks like those two are on their way to some kind of relationship, be it friendship or something more. Alexandra could definitely use somebody other than Jal in her life so she isn't so much of a sourpuss.

>>582638
Actually, ask her if her boss told her directly she and her partner were paired on this or if her partner just came up to her with the orders and said her boss paired them. If it's the latter then her boss is less likely to be in on it, but it doesn't rule it out.

>>582639
What the...? Don't do this! We're trying NOT to let on that Drina is Order or knows more about this than she's letting on until Drina's finished here so the lizard gal wouldn't possibly change her story any because of it! And besides, it'd be really damn hard for him to impersonate a royal guard well enough to just walk into the royal guards' barracks and choose her as a partner on this. If he was a fake it'd be much easier to get somebody else to fake being a royal guard to be his partner.

Also, Drina doesn't know what the guy looks like beyond wearing royal guard armor. He kept that bucket helm on the whole time so nobody has gotten a look at his face.
>>
No. 582651 ID: 65a774
File 140441353720.png - (20.97KB , 900x450 , 28.png )
582651

>No markings. Unless he's got the same defect as Alex, this lizard's a she.
That’s definitely a gal, yes.
>I notice the sky out the window has gone rather dark. There a storm coming? Anything we have to worry about for the mission?
Err… I have no idea…
>Crystals? Oh, are those the crystals used to store magic energy and spells and stuff like that? We saw them used all over the Serath sultan's palace for magic lighting and such.
Exactly, magic crystals.
>Is this area the best source of them in the world? It's not the only source, right?
Well, there’s more crystal the further north you get, sure... but… um… let’s just say it’s cheaper to mine them here… and no, this isn’t the only source, just one of the best.
>We know the other one is Anna's uncle and is trying to get revenge for his brother's death.
…well, there’s the motivation, isn’t it? We pretty much got this thing wrapped up then…
>Also, she's completely out of the loop on this order being fake. Yeah, she has her own suspicions, but she's just a Rookie, she can't do squat about them.
Hmm… yes, she seems rather innocent… either that or she’s a really good actress.

>Ask about her boss!
:UnknownKAK: Boss? Oh, right, you mean lieutenant Tempest? He’s… um… rather passionate about this mission if anything… um… I shouldn’t really talk to a stranger like this about him, though…
>Where is your partner, anyway?
:UnknownKAK: Oh, his up in that church place. He went ahead to make sure that the criminal gets a head shorter… you know, beheaded. He’s always been better than me to keep his head when talking to superiors so I ju-
:DrinaUNB: One more head pun and I’ll hit you over the head.
:UnknownKAK: Sorry…
>If you got sent out as a group, shouldn't you be sticking together?
:UnknownKAK: Err… actually… that’s true, why did… wait, why are you asking so many questions anyway!?

>Intentionally act like your hiding something about him.
:DrinaUNB: I am sergeant Drina of the Order of light… and I’m here to talk about lieutenant Tempest and the order from the king he got.
:UnknownKAK: …by Freya’s frozen nipples, it’s faked isn’t it! Dammit! I’m so stupid! I should have seen it from a mile away! Keeping silent… not reporting to any of the royal scribes on the way… him leaving me here while he… It’s not my fault! I didn’t know! You can’t arrest me! I demand a lawyer!
:DrinaUNB: Err…

Insert Does she also get one phone call?_
>>
No. 582654 ID: d8a627

Tell her to relax, you already know she's innocent. Demand she shut up long enough to say so if she keeps freaking out. Then, go ahead and ask her to help expose her "partner" as a fake.
>>
No. 582655 ID: d0a5ee

Tell her that we don't want her arrested; we want her to help us stop this illegal beheading.
>>
No. 582666 ID: d0e0a2

Tell her she's not under arrest, so she should take a couple deep breaths and calm down. However, after what she said you do ask she come in as a witness to Lt. Tempest's actions. She doesn't have to if she really doesn't want to, but it would help things if she did. She'll almost certainly agree to coming in, so bring her to Captain Andrzej. Just make sure Andrzej isn't with Lt. Tempest when you do.

>>582654
Where the heck are you getting the idea that Lt. Tempest is an impostor from?
>>
No. 582668 ID: 9b57d3

Err, it didn't seem like Tempest was her boss. Didn't she say someone else put them together as partners? Tell her to keep quiet and not to go anywhere. If she can tell us more about when the "orders" cropped up, and how Tempest got his hands on the royal seal and signature, that'd be great.
>>
No. 582671 ID: d0e0a2

>>582666
Oh, and also ask her why when she first came here this morning she interrupted the lieutenant and blurted out the crime of the 'traitor' they were here for.
>>
No. 582674 ID: 65a774
File 140442277872.png - (14.60KB , 900x450 , 29.png )
582674

>Tell her to relax, you already know she's innocent.
:UnknownKAK: y-you do?
>If she can tell us more about when the "orders" cropped up, and how Tempest got his hands on the royal seal and signature, that'd be great.
:UnknownKAK: Um… I don’t really know… err… I mean, he just walked up to me and ordered me to follow him, citing that we’ve gotten an order from the king… err… as for the seal… well, we do have access to some of the royal scribes offices… so it’s possible he just snatched one quickly and used it there when no one was looking, I guess?
>Oh, and also ask her why when she first came here this morning she interrupted the lieutenant and blurted out the crime of the 'traitor' they were here for.
:UnknownKAK: Um… I… I was a bit excited, alright? This is kind of my first real mission other than patrolling around in a circle… um…
>However, after what she said you do ask she come in as a witness to Lt. Tempest's actions.
:UnknownKAK: Right… I… I guess I can do that… um… I can’t really witness about him faking the-
:DrinaUNB: You can witness about him telling you to tell no one and that he didn’t report to those scribes as you said.
:UnknownKAK: Oh… right…

>Bring her to Captain Andrzej.
:UnknownKAK: Um… and that’s what I know…
:DrinaUNB: And I can witness that this soldier didn’t know the order was forged.
:AndrzejUNB: Well then, that’s that. Thank you for your help, Drina. I’ll take care of the rest, so don’t worry about your friend. You’re dismissed.
:DrinaUNB: Err...

Insert But… my conclusion!?_
>>
No. 582677 ID: 9b57d3

>>582674
Err, what? You wanted to see the guy get arrested or whatever? That's probably happening right now in another room, as Grey has likely been informed. You could ask permission to help arrest the guy if you want, though.

Personally I just kindof want to hear from Tempest what made him do such a thing. The killings were years ago, weren't they? Why the delay? I'd also like to see his reaction to him finding out the truth, if they'll let us tell him.

If you're rebuffed don't worry about it. Anna's safety was our main priority. We should talk to Jal and prevent him from falling to pieces.
>>
No. 582681 ID: cae5f0

Tell her that she can still plead innocence, but if this illegal beheading happens, then its complicity in murder on an official as well as unauthorized assumption of authority.

wait.... does Anna count as an official? or a clerk? civil servant?
>>
No. 582684 ID: cae5f0

Oh, already to late.

But we could switch to Anna, just to be sure.
[switch to Anna]
>>
No. 582687 ID: d8a627

>Err...
Go ahead and take this time to get the early apology-warning to Tsure incase you do wind up being a little late due to your mission.
>>
No. 582688 ID: d0e0a2

...Yeah, that was a bit unsatisfying, wasn't it? Ah, well, it can't always be an exciting conclusion. It's in Andrzej's capable hands now, and there's more than enough evidence to put Lt. Tempest away, so you don't really need to be here right now. You could follow to watch him being arrested, but it might not be right away and you don't have all that much time before the mission. Remember, you were going to see Ella about a gift for Tsure, then you have to get to Tsure's bakery and back before three 'o clock. It might take longer than you'd expect, so better be safe and leave plenty of time. And if anything does goes wrong and it's urgent I'm sure Gray will message us.

While you're en route you could fill us in on the details of the mission. I'm particularly worried that there'll be more of those one-eyed fuckers like the one that jabbed Dooriya. If there are we should take precautions like wearing helmets and padded armor to protect from poison stinger tentacles.

...Dangit, now I'm getting that mild nagging feeling that we've overlooked something and I don't know what it is. Eh, it's probably just some stray paranoia.
>>
No. 582691 ID: d8a627

>now I'm getting that mild nagging feeling that we've overlooked something and I don't know what it is
Well, Jal, Vlad, and Alex are at the tavern, Brad's with the people who hauled Anna away, we've been following Drina... Wait, where's Dooriya been? [Check status of Sister of Wisdom]
>>
No. 582692 ID: d0e0a2

>>582691
Actually, let's just check the status of everyone to be safe. [Check pawn status]
>>
No. 582693 ID: 65a774
File 140443401342.png - (27.25KB , 900x450 , 30.png )
582693

>[Check pawn status]
[“The Savage” Status: Concerned. “The hunter” Status: Happy. “The priest” Status: Happy. “The Alchemist” Status: Depressed, completely smashed, freezing to death. “Sister of Wisdom” Status: Intrigued. “Sister of Power” Status: Stressed out. “The Valkyrie” Status: Depressed, Tired.]

>[switch to Anna]
[Your connection to “The Valkyrie” is blocked by Grey! Automatic message from Grey: Please do not disturb Ann-Sofie while we are “interrogating” her. It’s for her own good.]
[Do you wish to try and force your way past Grey’s blockade? You have 100% chance of succeeding.]

>Err, what? You wanted to see the guy get arrested or whatever?
Well… kind off, yes… it feels like a bit of an anticlimax if you ask me.
>Personally I just kind of want to hear from Tempest what made him do such a thing. The killings were years ago, weren't they?
Um… actually, according to what we know, she killed her parents about three weeks ago…
>We should talk to Jal and prevent him from falling to pieces.
Eh, I’m sure that bastard is okay… so far he’s always been at least tipsy when I’ve met him so I’m pretty sure he can handle a bit of alcohol.

>Go ahead and take this time to get the early apology-warning to Tsure in case you do wind up being a little late due to your mission.
Oh, right! I better get moving then!
>Remember, you were going to see Ella about a gift for Tsure.
Right… next stop, the market.
>While you're en route you could fill us in on the details of the mission.
Um… let’s see… we’re supposed to ambush some kind of supply caravan north of the city at about three… it’s supposedly be carrying captured people and stuff to keep them alive like food and stuff… but most of it will be… um... what did the captain say they were called? Feeder tanks or something? I don’t know… he didn’t know exactly what they were but Steve insisted to have them destroyed as soon as possible so… err… we don’t really have a lot more information than that, really…
>I'm particularly worried that there'll be more of those one-eyed fuckers like the one that jabbed Dooriya. If there are we should take precautions like wearing helmets and padded armor to protect from poison stinger tentacles.
Yes, helmet is a must this time… we were a bit arrogant going without them last time. As for padded armor… personally, I rather have the mobility with my sword arm instead of extra protection… and I have no idea if those thing can pierce plate armor… hmmm… oh, and here we are… that’s her stall right there.

Insert Familiar faces on strangers_
>>
No. 582695 ID: d8a627

>Do you wish to try and force your way past Grey’s blockade? You have 100% chance of succeeding.
No. ...Wait, really, 100%? I thought Gray would be stronger than us due to nine months of consecutive experience. We've got, like, three days worth. Even less if you count our King's death as a power reboot.
Still, no. Let's leave the barrier up.
>“The Alchemist” Status: Depressed, completely smashed, freezing to death.
Okay, all in favor of checking on Jal? Seriously, let's get him indoors before we lose a pawn here.
>Familiar faces on strangers_
[Scan ...Larvate brothers?] Are these more members of the Larvate Brotherhood? The three we met did say they were part of a bigger organization, but I think they also said that it was Ilbir's idea to wear the masks? [Echo scan to Drina] If at least the two show up as Thuul and Thaark, or as undead soldiers or something, then they're our old friends. If not, then they're of little importance, most likely.

Oh, and if you're wondering: The reason I'm only mentioning two of their names is because if the Lizard is the one we know, he'll scan as "The Avenger" instead. It's possible that Thuul and Thaark would still scan as "The Hunter" and... whatever the hell Thaark scanned as, but they did die, and we never got our connection back to them. (Or did we?)
>>
No. 582696 ID: 40935b

[scan everyone]
I don't think that's our old mercenary group, but they wore similar clothes and masks.

>Please do not disturb Ann-Sofie while we are “interrogating” her. It’s for her own good.
Those quotes around 'interrogating' and 'for your own good' make me very nervous. It say's she's tired and stressed, which is somewhat standard for interrogation, though, so I guess we should leave it be for now. Still, we should be wary around green and grey in the future.

>“The Alchemist” Status: Depressed, completely smashed, freezing to death.
Oh for fucks sake- Jal got drunk enough to drown in a mud puddle. As soon as you're done here, you'll need to pull his abdomen back to civilization. How the hell did he even get his hands on that much alcohol?
>>
No. 582709 ID: dbe554

We tried everything we could to keep him out of the alcohol, god dammit we will remove his ability to process the alcohol enzymes at this rate.
>>
No. 582710 ID: 9b57d3

>>582693
Aw, I thought that was Thaark for a moment but it probably isn't. Man, as soon as Grey is done talking to Anna we need to ask him if we managed to get those two some new bodies.

That is a huge cactus.
[scan that cactus] [scan all the plants come to think of it]

Also we have to go see where Jal is about to freeze to death. Be back in a moment.
[switch to Jal]
>>
No. 582712 ID: d0e0a2

Oh, for fuck's sake! Status check shows Jal is completely smashed and freezing to death! Drina, we're gonna have to switch away in a moment to save his drunk abdomen. And don't worry about it. You just keep going to Tsure's and if we need you we'll switch back, okay.

When you approach Ella make sure to thank her for what she did for you last night and introducing you to Tsure. Then ask if she knows what would be a good I-might-be-late-or-not-make-it-to-our-dinner-date-due-to-work gift to give Tsure when you tell her that.

[Scan the three masked individuals] There's next to no chance any of them are from Thaark's crew. They're probably just visitors from the Marches or something like that. ...And it's odd seeing a mantis that's completely missing both antennas.

>Feeder tanks or something? I don’t know… he didn’t know exactly what they were but Steve insisted to have them destroyed as soon as possible so…
The tanks are some kind of life support system the prisoners are gonna be stuck in to keep 'em going while they're subjected to intense daemonic illusions to create fear, terror, agony and all those other filling bad emotions for the Blood God. At least, that's what we guessed and Steve confirmed it. We still want to have a gander at them before they're destroyed, though.

>As for padded armor… personally, I rather have the mobility with my sword arm instead of extra protection… and I have no idea if those thing can pierce plate armor…
Alright, but I still think you should put extra armor on your torso, abdomen and... hips? Whatever the name is for the part where the legs connect on a mantis. Basically armor all the parts that can't be amputated. And remember to check in with Dooriya when you get back and ask her to lookup in her book just how much armor those stinger tentacles can punch through. We've seen one stinger get half embedded in a stone block before, so I suspect it'll take either real heavy armor or specialized armor to defend against them. I wonder if blessed armor would help at all.

Another problem if there are any of those one-eyed bastards is they could hunker down long enough to make a tele-portal so one or more of our targets escape. That ability makes any of those corrupted fuckers we encounter on this mission top priority targets.

Alright, time to rescue Jal. [Attempt switch to "The Alchemist;" If switch fails attempt switch to "The Priest" or "The Hunter"]

>>582695
Gray probably could put up a stronger barrier, but that'd just break any trust we have in her. As it is she likely put up a weak one just to give us a warning so we don't drop in and screw things up with Anna. For now we'll show Gray we trust that she's going the right thing by not barging in, but we're definitely going to ask Brad or Anna later what happened to her during the 'interrogation.'

>>582696
>How the hell did he even get his hands on that much alcohol?
His room is in an inn attached to a tavern and we didn't ask Vlad and Alexandra to tell Sten to not serve him. Or he went to another tavern. Or there was booze still hidden in his room. Or he took some of the alchemical strength alcohol he has for his work and diluted it down enough to drink. Or he jerry-rigged a small still with his alchemical gear. ...Man, we really shouldn't have left him alone. I guess we thought he could hold it together longer than he did.
>>
No. 582722 ID: 9ddf68

[message to player gray: We've found that the order from the king was faked and even got one of the royal guards to talk about there mission which supports our findings even further. If you want more information speak to Andrzej, so please don't give Anna any lasting damage. She's suffered enough]

and since everyone else is being paranoid
[scan corruption levels]

But yeah now we have to go make sure our lovable drunk who is responsible for making the things we need to capture one of the mantises and for burning everything doesn't die do to exposure to the elements.
>>
No. 582754 ID: d8a627

>a2's primer on feeder tanks
Basically, we saw a bunch of them (and I mean, at least 30) back in Serath, feeding the local demon there (Who happened to be a benevolent one, fortunately)--Since "Living" sources actually die out, they used undead sources, since even after they lose their mind, an undead can still feel.
But, uh, yeah. Best to get a look to make sure that's what we're seeing. Cylindrical glass containers with a metal top and bottom sealing them shut, with red fluid inside--though these might not yet be fully assembled.
Oh, and if you happen to see anything that looks taller than you, is completely black, and has h ands that don't look completely attatched to the body, huge gaping maw filled with razor sharp teeth, and fingers that are the size of a mantis claw and sharper than one... That's a harvester body.
[Protocol update: Scan any such bodies when encountered, echo to nearby pawns]
There, now you should learn immediately upon finding one if it's owned by a friendly or not. Assume Hollow, Uninhabited, Unclaimed, or any other such words pertaining to them means it's for use by a hostile.
>[scan that cactus] [scan all the plants come to think of it]
I bet the cactus is going to read as "Decorative large cactus" or something like that, and, while I'm not going to bet it, I won't be surprised if the flowers read something about the Druid or player Green.

By the way, Player Green really reminds me of us, not just that his AI setting is "Insane" but that he's got a mishmash of pawns. Pink has stuck to the sultanite, Red to his "current" nation, Blue to "Anti Serathians," Gray to The Order, Purple to The Legion... And White seems to stick to his low cast, opting instead to give each pawn insane powers. Green is the only player I've seen go for everybody, everywhere.

Also, I wanna test something out. [Message Sister of Wisdom: Testing out an ability. Try willing a message to us, starting with "Message Teal" with a focus on those two words being imagined on a piece of parchment.]
[Protocol update: Autoreply to one pawn based message in next five minutes, "Message recieved! Ability seems valid!"; clear this protocol after five minutes or after trigger.]
>>
No. 582761 ID: d0e0a2

>>582754
Just to clarify, the daemon was bound to watch over the Vault to keep random folks from discovering it. It was occupying a flawed Harvester body and hooked up to Undead Energy Sources; mindless undead in tanks subjected to painful stimuli to generate emotional energy. The Blood God is actually one of these watch daemons turned traitor.

And I very much doubt there'll be a fully built Harvester in that caravan, but there might be materials that'd be used for one since I'd bet good money that the Blood God is building a fully functional Harvester up there to transfer himself to. A fully operational Harvester will require more energy, so the feeder tanks and prisoners are likely part of that plan as well.
>>
No. 582771 ID: d8a627

>>582761
I just had a mental image of a daemon pulling along a large cart full of feeder tanks, just so he could be kept fed as he travels the world.
>>
No. 582774 ID: 65a774
File 140449094126.png - (20.76KB , 900x450 , 31.png )
582774

>[scan everyone]
[Neutral Creature (Friendly): Order Guard.] x 2
[Neutral Creature (Neutral): Civilian.] x 2
[Neutral Creature (Neutral): Larvate Brotherhood Mercenary.] x 2
[“The Scoundrel” belongs to player Green!]
[“The Druid” belongs to player Green!]
>[scan all the plants come to think of it]
[Object (None): Decorative Plant.]
>[scan that cactus]
[Divine Creature (Hostile): God of Gods! Lord of Existence! Get on your knees and pray! Sacrifice your first born and beg for forgiveness, or your world will be consumed by the endless sea of sha-]
>I bet the cactus is going to read as "Decorative large cactus" or something like that…
[Err… I mean [Object (None): Glorious Huge Cactus!]... um… you didn’t hear anything else… at all…]

>[scan corruption levels]
[Corruption at 0%]
>[Message Sister of Wisdom]
(Error!)
>[message to player gray: We've found that the order from the king was faked-]
[Message from grey: Yes, yes, I already know, I was there. Captain Andrzej is a pawn of mine, remember?]
>[please don't give Anna any lasting damage. She's suffered enough]
[We are trying to do this as gently as we can.]

>Oh, for fuck's sake! Status check shows Jal is completely smashed and freezing to death!
…for some reason I’m not surprised… but geez, now I feel bad calling him a bastard a moment agoe even if apparently he is one…
>As soon as you're done here, you'll need to pull his abdomen back to civilization.
Err… I’m pretty sure if he’s freezing to death right now I wouldn’t be able to get there in time to save him even if I started to run right away. You guys better switch to someone closer!
>You just keep going to Tsure's and if we need you we'll switch back.
Right… just like planned.

>Alright, but I still think you should put extra armor on your torso, abdomen and... hips? Whatever the name is for the part where the legs connect on a mantis.
I already got plate armor on all those places… anything else would be rather redundant and just weight me down. I mean, if it can pierce plate then a bit of padding would be like paper for it.
>Those quotes around 'interrogating' and 'for your own good' make me very nervous.
I think he means he’s… um… talking with her about what happened, not exactly interrogating her.
>The tanks are some kind of life support system the prisoners are gonna be stuck in to keep 'em going while they're subjected to intense daemonic illusions to create fear, terror, agony and all those other filling bad emotions for the Blood God.
…I knew those demon bastard wasn’t to be trusted! That’s sick!
>Basically, we saw a bunch of them back in Serath, feeding the local demon there (Who happened to be a benevolent one, fortunately).
And you just accepted it? Geez, torturing people, even if they are already dead, is wrong, dammit!
>Just to clarify, the daemon was bound to watch over the Vault to keep random folks from discovering it. It was occupying a flawed Harvester body and hooked up to Undead Energy Sources; mindless undead in tanks subjected to painful stimuli to generate emotional energy. The Blood God is actually one of these watch daemons turned traitor.
Even if they had a good purpose it’s still… sick!

>When you approach Ella make sure to thank her for what she did for you last night and introducing you to Tsure. Then ask if she knows what would be a good I-might-be-late-or-not-make-it-to-our-dinner-date-due-to-work gift to give Tsure when you tell her that.
Right, right… calm down, Drina… let’s do this… it’s just some flowers…
:DrinaUNB: Um… excuse me?
:UnknownKAK: Ah, Drina! So nice to see-
:UnknownKAK: Why, Ella, you never said you had such gorgeous acquaintance! How should you keep such a spire, such beauty secret from little me?
:DrinaUNB: Err… wa-
:UnknownKAK: Now, now, do not fret, fair maiden, I am simply admiring a marvelous piece of art. Oh, where are my manners? Let me introduce myself… I am a man of wealth and taste…

>[switch to Jal]
[Unable to connect to pawn!]
>[If switch fails attempt switch to "The Priest" or "The Hunter"]
:VladUNB: Here, let me pa-
:AlexUNB: Vladimir, how much money do you have?
:VladUNB: Err… not a lot but… enough t-
:AlexUNB: I appreciate the gesture, but I’ll pay for my own lunch, thank you very much. I rather not have you go into debt just trying to please me.
:StenUNB: …you do know you get breakfast, lunch and dinner for free because you’re with the order, right?
:VladUNB: …oh, right…
:StenUNB: I still want to be paid for the wine, though.

Insert All hail the cactus, our lord and savior! HAIL!!_
>>
No. 582787 ID: d8a627

>[Neutral Creature (Neutral): Larvate Brotherhood Mercenary.] x 2
>[“The Scoundrel” belongs to player Green!]
Huh, so again, a trio of Larvate brothers starts off with only one as a pawn. Hope for Green's sake that they don't run into the trouble our group did.
>Why, Ella, you never said you had such gorgeous acquaintance!
...I didn't realize there was somebody else standing next to Ella, unless it's the Larvate human.

Vlad, Alexandra, apologies for interrupting, but Jal's freezing his abdomen off and is completely smashed. Ask Stein if he knows where Jal went and try to rescue him.
>>
No. 582788 ID: 40935b

I hope you two had fun, because Jal got drunk and is outside freezing to death.

>I am a man of wealth and taste
...Does every new acquaintance of ours have one of Satan's names? Between him, 'the light bringer', and actual freaking daemons, we've seen quite a few princes of lies running around.
>>
No. 582789 ID: 9b57d3

>>582774
Look just throw money at him, Jal is freezing to death somewhere and we would prefer to get to him before he dies. We could probably bring him back as a ghoul though. If he does die from this we're gonna put a rune in his core that makes it impossible for him to get drunk. Partially as punishment and partially for his own good.
>>
No. 582790 ID: dbe554

Pride the Cactus plant. Well as a desert lizard he was always a little prickly, and a bit of a prick.

hehehe.

But yeah Jal is freezing his self to death in a drunken stupor, could you find him and keep him from killing himself in his woes?
>>
No. 582803 ID: 9ddf68

...Jal's freezing to death while drunk out of his mind somewhere... can you two please find him?
>>
No. 582808 ID: d0e0a2

Hi, guys. Sorry to be brief but we've got an emergency. Our status check a moment ago showed that Jal is completely smashed and freezing to death. We're unable to switch to him since he's passed out and we have no idea where he is or how long he'll survive out there. We need to track him down quick.

Ask Sten when was the last time he saw Jal. If it wasn't at any point since you two last left him then split up and ask the Order guards stationed outside the exits from the inn if and when they saw him leave.

Alexandra, you know Jal so what do you make of his status going from 'tipsy, depressed' about when you and Vlad started walking laps, then going to 'drunk, crying, depressed', then to 'depressed, completely smashed, freezing to death' now.

[Check status of "The Alchemist;" Update every minute until target is within command range.] I want to know if he starts to take a turn for the worst so we can pick up the pace.
>>
No. 582813 ID: 65a774
File 140450167814.png - (19.93KB , 900x450 , 32.png )
582813

>Vlad, Alexandra, apologies for interrupting.
:AlexUNB: (Oh, great, you guys again… I hope this is important.)
>I hope you two had fun.
:VladUNB: (Oh, we did have a few laughs!)
:AlexUNB: (…it was decent enough.)
>...Does every new acquaintance of ours have one of Satan's names?
:AlexUNB: (Wait… who’s Satin?)
:VladUNB: (Who would be named after a fabric?)

>But yeah Jal is freezing his self to death in a drunken stupor, could you find him and keep him from killing himself in his woes?
:AlexUNB: What!? Already!? Ah, dammit! I knew I shouldn’t have left him alone!
>Alexandra, you know Jal so what do you make of his status going from 'tipsy, depressed' about when you and Vlad started walking laps, then going to 'drunk, crying, depressed', then to 'depressed, completely smashed, freezing to death' now.
:AlexUNB: What I make of it is that he found a lot of alcohol to drown his freaking sorrows in, that’s what.
>We could probably bring him back as a ghoul though.
:AlexUNB: What!? No! We’re not bringing him back as some kind of… undead monstrosity!
:VladUNB: Um… where would we even find a necromancer?

>Ask Sten when was the last time he saw Jal.
:StenUNB: Last time I saw him was when you two argued about something.
:AlexUNB: Well, that’s not really helpful.
:StenUNB: Hmm… Jal is clad in blue, yes? Brown boots, too?
:AlexUNB: Yeah?
:StenUNB: There’s a pair of mantis legs sticking up from the snow pile just outside of the window with those clothes. I was just about to check it myself…
:AlexUNB: Dammit, Jal…



:AlexUNB: JAL!!
:JalUNB:
:AlexUNB: JAL!! WAKE UP!
:JalUNB:mommy?
:AlexUNB: Get your drunken abdomen out of that snow pile this instant!
:JalUNB: …why didn’t you love me, mommy…
:VladUNB: Um… what was that about his mother?
:AlexUNB: She was a bitch, the end. Now help me get him onto his feet.
:JalUNB: I want a hug, mommy…

Insert Your MOM!!! HA!!_
>>
No. 582816 ID: 40935b

I'd expect you of all people to be more understanding of people's familial woes, Alexa.

Hugs only when you're not covered in damp snow anymore, you drunken fool. We're going to need to get him professional help- this is the second time he's nearly killed himself by freezing.

>Wait… who’s Satin?
Satan. Sa-tan. I feel like we've been over this before. Anyway, he has many names and two have popped up already- the guy calling himself 'a man of wealth and taste' is probably just a con man, but 'light bringer' is Steve's official title. It's possible Steve may have a fall from grace, if the name is accurate to the archetype.
>>
No. 582823 ID: dbe554

Well..I don't know if he'd feel this *Squid Hugs*

But yeah, get him inside, warm him up, and give him some water, also keep a bucket nearby.
>>
No. 582838 ID: d0e0a2

What?! Jal was out there the whole time?! Dangit, we couldn't see him when we were with Drina 'cause that human gal and mantis guy were blocking our view. Curse our limited view! Curse it!

Vlad, haul Jal to his feet and the both of you give him a hug. I know it's an odd request but I want to see and hear how Jal reacts. Then get a bucket and hold it under his head in case he pukes on the way, drag him up to his room, give him some water and pour him into bed. Then you two can check where he got the booze from and if he got the work done for the mission before getting plastered.

Oh, and check just how cold he is before putting him to bed. I know alcohol dilates blood vessels, so he may have lost more body heat than you'd expect. If his core temperature is low he should be put in a warm bath to get it back up and not in bed under insulating blankets.

Alexandra, there has to be more to why Jal is so broken than just he's a literal bastard, he was dirt poor and his mother was terrible. From what we've caught him saying he drinks to forget and to deaden the pain. Just what is it he's trying to forget and what pain is he deadening? We want to help him, but we need to know more about him. We want to hear all you know of his life, Alexandra.

Also, shame on you, Alexandra. Jal's your friend. You should be a bit more compassionate. Or is it have you exhausted all your supplies of compassion and patience for Jal's issues trying to fix him?

And I doubt he'll be able to answer coherently, but... Jal, what is your pain? What is it you so want to forget, Jal?

I'm thinking what Jal needs is someone to watch over him that cares for him. Someone who can keep him from the booze long enough for him to make headway on his personal issues and prod him into doing so. ...Basically, he needs a "parent" to keep him in check.

Man, Jal was out there since >>582651 and I didn't spot him. I didn't even think to compare that image with the previous one 'cause I thought the blue next to the woman was an art error and Jal's legs blended into the foliage so well.
>>
No. 582842 ID: 9b57d3

>>582813
Get him in front of the fireplace. We need to warm him up.

Alex, not all undead are mindless monstrosities. The Serath Prince is a ghoul now, for instance. It's just a second life for the Serathians who can afford it.

Jal what the hell are you doing? You were only supposed to have one drink. Good things are happening to you. Why are you destroying yourself like this? I think you could use therapy just as much as Anna.
>>
No. 582856 ID: 65a774
File 140452054683.png - (10.72KB , 900x450 , 33.png )
582856

>Well… I don't know if he'd feel this *Squid Hugs*
:JalUNB: Mommy?
>Alex, not all undead are mindless monstrosities. The Serath Prince is a ghoul now, for instance. It's just a second life for the Serathians who can afford it.
:AlexUNB: Yeah? Well, they are a bunch of weirdoes that worship necromancy. There’s a reason why it’s forbidden in most of the world.
>I'd expect you of all people to be more understanding of people's familial woes, Alexa.
:AlexUNB: Hey, she actually was a bitch. That’s the whole deal! I’ve met her, you know!

>Get him in front of the fireplace. We need to warm him up.
:VladUNB: By the Thanes Spear… he’s really cold…
:AlexUNB: Here, Sten made some hot cacao, try to make him drink it.
:JalUNB: Oh, what do you do… with… drunk sailor~♪
>Then you two can check where he got the booze from and if he got the work done for the mission before getting plastered.
:VladUNB: Um… why are we in your room again instead of his?
:AlexUNB: Because this idiot have pulled off most of the floor boards in his room. He probably had a bunch of booze staked down there in case of an emergency.
:VladUNB: …wow, he’s a really dedicated drinker, isn’t he?

>Hugs only when you're not covered in damp snow anymore, you drunken fool.
:JalUNB: Mmm… I love you guys… I love… you… snowfall… so white…
>I doubt he'll be able to answer coherently, but... Jal, what is your pain? What is it you so want to forget, Jal?
:JalUNB: So white and pure… but never… can’t… touch… she’ll leave me… so alone…
>Alexandra, there has to be more to why Jal is so broken than just he's a literal bastard, he was dirt poor and his mother was terrible.
:AlexUNB: …*sigh* do I really have to tell you his whole life story… fine, fine… let’s see… yes, he’s a bastard. His mother was a Thrall to a rich, noble family and his father was some noble brat from another family that took advantage of his mother… he never really knew who his father was. Either way… she gave birth to five kids as Mantises usually do, one girl and four boys, and she got to choose one to keep.
:VladUNB: But then she really did love him! She choose him, didn’t s-
:AlexUNB: Of course not. Mantis females are more privileged then males so of course she choose his sister. He was kept as a new thrall while his brother was shipped away to some orphanage somewhere. His mother was tasked to take care of both him and his sister, but she barely acknowledged him, instead using all the bedding, clothes, food, toys and books given to her for his sister, leaving him with whatever leftovers he should find and sleeping on the cold floor in the corner of the servant hall.
:VladUNB: Err… is all this really true?
:AlexUNB: Well, that’s how Jal tells the story… anyway, his mother wanted his sister to have a bright future ahead of her… and as kids born from thralls become free at sixteen she tried to give her an education and save up every coin she should find to get her into a academy. Of course, his sister was more interested in beating things up and made Jal do all the studying instead so he should cheat for her.
:VladUNB: Ah, that’s explain why his so smart.
:AlexUNB: But then… well… apparently history repeats itself in a sense and some noble brat became interested in his sister… of course, she was more of a fighter then her mother… but in the end she ended up… um… dead in a horrible way. The only bright side was that her killer got his head cut off for that.
:VladUNB: …that’s horrible but… then she gave all the money she saved to Jal, right? So he should go to an academy?
:AlexUNB: Actually, she went mad with grief, gave all the money to her owners, attacked Jal with a knife and wounded him pretty severely before telling him how disgusting he was and that he’s never been a son of hers… then she cut her own throat, killing herself in front of him.
:VladUNB: …okay, that… that can’t be true. That has to be made up!
:AlexUNB: That last part was all true. I was there. If I hadn’t been training my healing powers in secret Jal would be dead.
:VladUNB: …I… I can understand why he drinks… wait… then how did he get into the academy?
:AlexUNB: The family that owned his mother wasn’t actually completely heartless. They gave the money that his mother had saved up and a bit more to him so he should make something of himself.
>I'm thinking what Jal needs is someone to watch over him that cares for him. Someone who can keep him from the booze long enough for him to make headway on his personal issues and prod him into doing so. ...Basically, he needs a "parent" to keep him in check.
:AlexUNB: Indeed, he really never had one after all… but where do we find one? I’m not really in the mood to baby sit him all the time… he’s a friend, yes, but… I can’t throw my life away because of him.

Insert It’s a shit life_
>>
No. 582857 ID: dbe554

As much as we'd try to we've got far more important things to worry about considering the state of the world and all, what with various rivals and those trying to convert the world into a Bloody Paradise...

We can't ask you to give up anything, we understand considering you yourself have your own life to live.
>>
No. 582861 ID: 9b57d3

>>582856
Honestly it's kindof weird trying to figure out who would be willing to give up most of their free time to keep a drunkard they've never met out of the booze. How about instead we figure out someone that Jal can follow around and be useful to, and in following that person around, that person can keep him out of the gutter?

I wonder if Vadoma or Mikhail have any use for an alchemist assistant. It'd be really weird for Mikhail to be a mother figure to him though considering they're screwing. Vadoma on the other hand has sexual interests that Jal does not like, meaning that won't really cause issues for him.

Alex, why IS necromancy banned in most of the world? Granted, a lot of the undead the Serathians make are used as slaves, but if that was the problem slavery would be the thing that was banned.
>>
No. 582864 ID: 40935b

>Hey, she actually was a bitch. That’s the whole deal! I’ve met her, you know!
I meant you wouldn't be trivializing the effect a shitty upbringing can have on someone- unless that tearful breakdown where you crawled behind a target dummy and subsequent inability to enter a relationship wasn't as bad as it looked. Yeah I'm sick of his shit too, but that will neither help him or put an end to it. You could stand to be more sympathetic.

>Jal's life story
Jesus Christ how horrifying. So a thrall is like an indentured servant? Why was his mother only allowed to keep one child? Didn't you say the family wasn't completely heartless?

Perhaps it would make him feel better if he found some of his siblings? It might take his mind off the past and put it on the future. Right now his life seems to be women, booze and waiting for death- helping out his kin who might be in a similar situation could give him some motivation.
>>
No. 582865 ID: 0ee153

>>582864
"Thrall" means "slave", if Kaktus is using the literal definition. So I guess she got to have one kid who wasn't a slave?
>>
No. 582869 ID: d8a627

>So white and pure… but never… can’t… touch… she’ll leave me… so alone…
It's not really our place, but I figure it's worth talking to the other member of "us" in this case.
[Mail gray: Subject: "Unimportant request-save for when you have free time"//Message: "Currently of no importance, but during free time, check emotions of The White Death in relation to The Alchemist. Really, take your time, I'm not kidding about it's unimportance."]
>The family that owned his mother wasn’t actually completely heartless. They gave the money that his mother had saved up and a bit more to him so he should make something of himself.
Whoo, yay nobles with heart!
>Indeed, he really never had one after all… but where do we find one? I’m not really in the mood to baby sit him all the time… he’s a friend, yes, but… I can’t throw my life away because of him.
We might be able to get the order to officially sign him on as their alchemist... Then they'd be able to keep watch over him.
>How about instead we figure out someone that Jal can follow around and be useful to, and in following that person around, that person can keep him out of the gutter?
Like, an apprentice to the Order's Alchemist? I'm fairly certain Jal would object to such a position, and I doubt any High Alchemist would want to babysit him either.
>Alex, why IS necromancy banned in most of the world? Granted, a lot of the undead the Serathians make are used as slaves, but if that was the problem slavery would be the thing that was banned.
You're asking this while in the middle of a country that's flooded with natural undead that would like nothing more than to tear the flesh off the bones of the living. I'm pretty sure that statement should answer itself.
>Didn't you say the family wasn't completely heartless?
Er...
>So I guess she got to have one kid who wasn't a slave?
You guys do realize that they declared Jal a free Mantis, too, right? They gave her two free children. It was her choice to only treat one as such.
>>
No. 582873 ID: d0e0a2

...Oh my god... That's... That's... [Group squid hug Jal] We're so sorry, Jal...

>I’m not really in the mood to baby sit him all the time… he’s a friend, yes, but… I can’t throw my life away because of him.
Alexandra, you won't be throwing your life away. You'll be building Jal up so he can live on his own more and more and you have to watch over him less and less. And you won't be alone on this. You have us and we'll get everyone in on helping Jal in some way and spread the load out. I'm pretty sure Brad has some excess parental-ness he could apply here.

>...I love… you… snowfall… so white… So white and pure… but never… can’t… touch… she’ll leave me… so alone…
"Snowfall?" Who's Jal mumbling about? ...Mikhail? Oh... I have a guess as to what was the impetus for Jal getting plastered this time. He's fallen for Mikhail, but he knows if he tries to go forward with any kind of relationship that one way or another she'll leave him or he'll find out she doesn't want anything to do with him beyond sex. But knowing that he still desperately wants to be loved and cared for by her. Alone with those irreconcilable thoughts and feelings he couldn't stand it and so turned to the booze to drown them.

Would I be right in thinking that the first several times Jal tried to get into a relationship with someone he got extremely emotionally clingy, they broke up with him because of that and then he fell to pieces. That's where he got the belief drilled into him that if he tries to go forward with a relationship with anyone they'll leave him.

We should find out if Mikhail has interest in Jal beyond his dick. If she does then perhaps we could guild Jal through starting an actual relationship with her and not messing it up. Alexandra, could you approach Mikhail the next chance you get and ask her about that?
>>
No. 582877 ID: 9ddf68

so let's see what we got here. We got a chick who's father went ape shit, lost her whole family, and now some pricks that her dad deemed friends at one point are trying to end her. We got two lizards with family problems. One being that he lost his just before we met him and the other who's family failed at everything it took to have the right to be called a family. Two mantis sisters that both have problems with there love lives with one being how to make a relationship between a mortal and a god work without her sister freaking out and the other trying to figure out how to make a relationship work in general. A barbarian that has no memory of his past but we've been hinted that he's over 200/300 years old and probably filled with tragic loss at some point. And now we have Jal who had a family like Alex's but somehow managed to be even worse... Did I miss anything?

At this point I'm think about seeing if the order has a therapist or something because all of you need some form of consoling to some degree. But for now we should see if we can't find a way to help Jal sober up and finish those things he was working on. I mean we're going to need them to complete that raid and maybe if the raid goes off without a hitch we might be able to use the fact the Jal helped to try and boast his morale/confidence/really everything at this point.
>>
No. 582887 ID: 65a774
File 140456753166.png - (10.92KB , 900x450 , 34.png )
582887

>[Mail gray: Subject: "Unimportant request-save for when you have free time"//Message: "Currently of no importance, but during free time, check emotions of The White Death in relation to The Alchemist. Really, take your time, I'm not kidding about it's unimportance."]
[Message from grey: “The White Death” have showed interest in the Alchemist. “A cute dork” quoted from her. She dislikes his drinking as she’s a teetotaler. Also, do you not have more important matters to attend to then playing cupid?]

>[Group squid hug Jal] We're so sorry, Jal...
:JalUNB: that tickles… heh…
>I meant you wouldn't be trivializing the effect a shitty upbringing can have on someone.
:AlexUNB: I… I’m sorry but… it’s just… I didn’t mean to disrespect but… I’m a bit mad at him, alright?
>Alex, why IS necromancy banned in most of the world?
:AlexUNB: Because it’s wrong, dangerous and people are supposed to go to the afterlife, not become grotesque mimicry of life.
>You're asking this while in the middle of a country that's flooded with natural undead that would like nothing more than to tear the flesh off the bones of the living. I'm pretty sure that statement should answer itself.
:AlexUNB: As I said, dangerous.

>So a thrall is like an indentured servant?
:AlexUNB: Well… it’s like… um… a paid slave, I guess? It’s like those Servants Serath got everywhere but… with more rights. It’s basically a paid servant that can’t actually quit their job… well, except if they are born into it. Then they become free as soon as they become an adult.
>Why was his mother only allowed to keep one child? Didn't you say the family wasn't completely heartless?
:AlexUNB: Err… an single mother taking care of five children while she got work to do? Yeah, that would work out great. You do realize most mantis families got two to four fathers to help with the ordeal. If anything, they were kind enough to let her keep one of them. Most people just throw them all out.
>Perhaps it would make him feel better if he found some of his siblings? It might take his mind off the past and put it on the future.
:AlexUNB: I don’t think so. He wasn’t really old enough to remember them when they were put in the orphanage… and it’s probably impossible to find them by now.

>I have a guess as to what was the impetus for Jal getting plastered this time. He's fallen for Mikhail, but he knows if he tries to go forward with any kind of relationship that one way or another she'll leave him or he'll find out she doesn't want anything to do with him beyond sex. But knowing that he still desperately wants to be loved and cared for by her.
:AlexUNB: *Sigh* …that’s about it… he… he just really wants to be loved, by someone… anyone…
>Would I be right in thinking that the first several times Jal tried to get into a relationship with someone he got extremely emotionally clingy, they broke up with him because of that and then he fell to pieces. That's where he got the belief drilled into him that if he tries to go forward with a relationship with anyone they'll leave him.
:AlexUNB: …actually, now when you say it like that… I… I guess you’re right… his always been clingy to people who showed him any kind of… attention, really…

>We might be able to get the order to officially sign him on as their alchemist... Then they'd be able to keep watch over him.
:AlexUNB: He is officially signed as an alchemist… but I heard they are thinking about kicking him out of the order thanks to his drinking problem… I… I don’t really know how to tell him that, either…
>I wonder if Vadoma or Mikhail have any use for an alchemist assistant.
:AlexUNB: I doubt a Ranger would have any use of a alchemist… and Vadoma… hmm… she’s a doctor, right? That should… maybe work?
>Alexandra, you won't be throwing your life away. You'll be building Jal up so he can live on his own more and more and you have to watch over him less and less. And you won't be alone on this. You have us and we'll get everyone in on helping Jal in some way and spread the load out.
:AlexUNB:
:VladUNB: Oh! That’s a great idea! Instead of finding someone to take care of him, we’ll all help!
:AlexUNB: …it’s… we’ve never had that many people that’s been willing to help before…
>Alexandra, could you approach Mikhail the next chance you get and ask her about what she thinks of Jal?
:AlexUNB: …I guess? I don’t know… it just feels… kind of embarrassing, if anything.
>We should see if we can't find a way to help Jal sober up and finish those things he was working on.
:AlexUNB: I saw he had made some bombs and stuff in his room but… I don’t know if they’ll work or not…

Insert Alcohol and explosives doesn’t really mix…_
>>
No. 582890 ID: dbe554

Well to be honest, we'd be quite willing to help you all form a support group for him.

We honestly care for you people and want to see your lives grow happy in any way we could, despite the world being in danger we don't like seeing our 'pawns' end up worse off then they had started.

Though you've been with him the longest, could you check the materials he's created to see if they may or may not work?
>>
No. 582891 ID: d8a627

>Message from grey
Well that was fast... And "Mail" apparently doesn't work, it just reverts to message.
[Reply: Mostly, we do have more important things to do, but knowing the facts can help keep our pawns in functional order. Our split and erratic nature may lead to some disagreeance, but hopefully there is no sudden action]--
>but I heard they are thinking about kicking him out of the order thanks to his drinking problem
[Continuation: ...Actually, our pawn just told us his broken mentality might cause more problems than immediately obvious.]
>Instead of finding someone to take care of him, we’ll all help!
[Continuation x2: However, you are right, playing cupid is the fool's errand, we will discuss amongst all our own pawns how to solve the one's problems. Thank you for confirming that his drinking is such a large one, at least.]
Thank you for offering that, Vlad, but I cannot take your word to cover everybody else. As it stands, Alexandra, you, and us, the barely-existant squids, are the only three to have agreed to watch over him.
>it just feels… kind of embarrassing, if anything.
Ah, whoops, I already contancted Gray on the matter. At least contact through another player means she might not know exactly what we're playing at, but she did say that he's a "cute dork" who "drinks too much" by which she means "I drink nothing at all due to my vows."
I also told Gray that we aren't focused on playing cupid, rather, we're attempting to fix Jal's psyche. Going to suddenly bring them together again is probably going to upset her, and by extention, Mikhail, Andrzej, and the Archbishop.
>we'd be quite willing to help you all form a support group for him.
We need to ask them about this, eventually. Bradford is more focused on Anna right now, though, and of course Anna's... Preoccupied. Drina's, heh, well, you should certainly know what she's up to after last night, Alex, but we can check on Dooriya.
>We honestly care for you people and want to see your lives grow happy in any way we could
Yeah, system be damned, showing emotional support in our pieces results in them being able to serve us better! And it's a two way street: The second we stop trying to help them, they stop trying to help us. We've got a mutual interest in keeping things well; after all, who else is going to save the world? Well, Green, Gray, Purple, and Pink all seem to be quite interested, but Green and Gray, as well as Purple and White are quarreling amongst themselves, and Pink's more of a diplomat than a warrior, she probably can't do much without a more active role-taking player to support.

If there are no objections, [Switch to Dooriya]
>>
No. 582893 ID: 40935b

>do you not have more important matters to attend to then playing cupid?
[reply: Let's just say that keeping good morale around here is a bigger job than it has any right to be. How's Anna holding up, on that note? And don't worry, our fractured nature is conductive to multitasking. We're going to make sure these explosives work safely, and then we'll head out.]

Could you test one of the devices at a distance? If you can find a big enough clearing, it'll be safe for Vlad to hit with a fire arrow. Just make sure you're behind cover. If the bombs don't meet specifications, we can stick rags in whatever high proof stuff Jal has left and firebomb the enemy.

Now is this ambush just going to be us, or will we have aid from the order? Is there any particular point we should report to? We should probably ask Drina or Dooriya.
>>
No. 582897 ID: d0e0a2

[Message to Gray: We're (mostly) not "playing cupid." We're working on a plan to turn Jal away from being a drunken wretch; This may or may not include Mikhail. But it's entirely possible we've lost focus and missed something important so if you have a suggestion for how we would be better using the time we have before the mission then we'd like to hear it.]

>Oh! That’s a great idea! Instead of finding someone to take care of him, we’ll all help!
Yeah, that sounds like a plan. We'll have to speak with the others about it first, though. And Anna... Uh... Hm. She's gonna need support as well. Maybe we can make it in a whole ring of support, with all of you watching out for each other.

>I doubt a Ranger would have any use of a alchemist… and Vadoma… hmm… she’s a doctor, right? That should… maybe work?
Yes, she might be looking for an assistant who properly knows alchemy. Right now she just has one of those Order soldiers doing the work. Or she might want an actual alchemist to aid her in her research. We definitely should ask her about this.

>…I guess? I don’t know… it just feels… kind of embarrassing, if anything.
Ah, you don't actually have to now. One of us messaged Gray to ask what she knows of what Mikhail thinks of Jal and she said Mikhail is interested in him; She said he was "a cute dork." What may be a problem is that Mikhail is a teetotaler. I say "may" because if she's strong enough in that belief she might take on getting Jal off the booze as a personal mission. Likewise, with how much Jal wants to be with Mikhail he might give up alcohol to make it happen with a bit of prodding and support from us and his friends.

>I saw he had made some bombs and stuff in his room but… I don’t know if they’ll work or not…
You said Jal hardly ever screws up his alchemy work while drunk, yes? Still, I would take that stuff to the Order and have one of the other alchemists give them an examination to check for anything wrong that isn't immediately apparent. And while there ask if they have anything like it already made up. I'd rather take out something the Order alchemists made if we have the option to.

Now, Jal shouldn't be left alone right now, so put him to bed so he can sleep off the booze and one of you keep watch over him until it's mission time. Oh, and what are we going to do about the floor of Jal's room? Once the inn finds out about it they'll want to be paid to fix it, and they might still throw him out even if it's paid for. Are we going to try to put it back in secret?

Hey, what time is it? How much longer is it until the mission?

>>582891
Yeah, lets switch to Dooriya. We can ask for her support with Jal and she can speak with Dr. Vadoma about possibly taking him on as an assistant.
>>
No. 582914 ID: 9ddf68

also let's look into finding a therapist for some people. It is getting to a point where I not sure even we'd have enough time to try and solve everyone's problems AND fight this war. I mean we're still going to try but it might not hurt to get some outside help.

Anyways how much of the stuff did he make? if you can spare a few might as well find an empty field and try them out if you think you can do so safely.
>>
No. 582959 ID: 65a774
File 140460414077.png - (16.82KB , 900x450 , 35.png )
582959

>[Message to Gray: We're (mostly) not "playing cupid." We're working on a plan to turn Jal away from being a drunken wretch; This may or may not include Mikhail.]
[Ah, that’s good. Keeping your pawns in tip top shape will pay off in the end. I’ll see if I can spare some assistance.]
>[How's Anna holding up, on that note?]
[She has confessed and her sentence is currently being discussed. She seems rather… content having finally gotten all this off her chest.]

>Well to be honest, we'd be quite willing to help you all form a support group for him.
:VladUNB: By working together we can solve anything!
:AlexUNB: …ugh, so corny…
>You said Jal hardly ever screws up his alchemy work while drunk, yes?
:AlexUNB: As far as I know none of his work has ever blown up in his face.
>Though you've been with him the longest, could you check the materials he's created to see if they may or may not work?
:AlexUNB: Err… I’m not really an alchemist so…
>Still, I would take that stuff to the Order and have one of the other alchemists give them an examination to check for anything wrong that isn't immediately apparent.
:AlexUNB: That’s probably for the best, yes.
>Could you test one of the devices at a distance?
:AlexUNB: If you really wanted to waste one, sure?

>Ah, you don't actually have to now. One of us messaged Gray to ask what she knows of what Mikhail thinks of Jal and she said Mikhail is interested in him; She said he was "a cute dork." What may be a problem is that Mikhail is a teetotaler.
:AlexUNB: Of course, the one girl he falls for can’t actually drink… geez…
:VladUNB: How ironic.
:AlexUNB: …what, no that’s… forget it, Vlad… either way, as long as I don’t have to ask her…
>Oh, and what are we going to do about the floor of Jal's room?
:AlexUNB: Put it back? I mean, it was rather neatly removed… his kind of like that, always trying to be neat and tidy… I guess it’s from being a thrall…
>Hey, what time is it? How much longer is it until the mission?
:VladUNB: She’s about to hit half to one, so about two hours?
>Now, Jal shouldn't be left alone right now, so put him to bed so he can sleep off the booze and one of you keep watch over him until it's mission time.
:AlexUNB: Right, I’ll keep an eye on him.
:VladUNB: Not alone, you’re not. I can go get a board game or something, if that’s alright?
:AlexUNB: …that would be nice, yes.



>[Switch to Dooriya]
:DooriyaUNB: -so expect heavy resistance, men!
:UnknownKAK: Yes, Ma’am!!
:DooriyaUNB: Alchemist? How goes the work?
:UnknownKAK: Well, we’ve cooked up a batch of biological metamorphic of organic tissue potions. There should be enough for every soldier that’s going on the mission.
:UnknownKAK: A what?
:DooriyaUNB: Healing potions, Sarge.

Insert I love you Sarge… *gets eaten by a zergling*_
>>
No. 582966 ID: 9b57d3

>>582959
[scan everyone present]
Hey Dooriya. How are things coming? We saw you were intrigued by something earlier, what was that about?
[message to Grey: I don't suppose you know if Thaark and Thuul got new bodies or not, do you?]
>>
No. 582977 ID: dbe554

Dooriya! How is the mission perpetration coming along? Also we've made sure Jal is safe and secure and he's currently cuddled up with a blanket.

Also of question, does The Order have some therapists? Namely some really good ones.
>>
No. 582983 ID: d8a627

>…ugh, so corny…
...Remember, Alexandra, Vlad is... what was it, seventeen? Just shy of being an adult, but also having been cooped up in a sheltered, homophobic environment his whole life. He knows everything about survival, moreso than anybody who's lived freely in the city, even on the streets as Jal did, but nothing about social interactions, phrasing, and the like. He's bound to be corny 99% of the time.
>Not alone, you’re not. I can go get a board game or something, if that’s alright?
>…that would be nice, yes.
Aww, what a cute couple~
>[scan everyone present]
[Especially scan that lizard in the glasses]
If "Those two guys" happen to be here, [Send emotion: Low pride; send thought "I'm noticed"]. Frankly, I feel guilty for forgetting about them almost every time we should have remembered them.
Doesn't mean I'm not going to forget about them soon after. [Send emotion: low disappointment; send thought "Overlooked"] I mean, we did forget to put them on Alexandra's tab... again.
>[message to Grey: I don't suppose you know if Thaark and Thuul got new bodies or not, do you?]
[Message Gray: PS, don't tell us who owns them. They would have been revived after our King died (and yes, we do remember up to that point now). Also, our king died not to a demon, but to himself. Literally, and not so literally--A magical clone of him killed himself.]
>Also we've made sure Jal is safe and secure and he's currently cuddled up with a blanket.
NEVERMIND THIS STATEMENT, they're mistaking you for Drina.
>Also of question, does The Order have some therapists? Namely some really good ones.
Better yet, are there any therapists who have the patience to go through an entire group of... What is it now, six? Seven? Several people with messed up psyches. Preferably as a group, though we'll probably tag along with a couple on missions from time to time.

Seriously, every single one of our pawns except for you and Bradford has a serious mental problem. Bradford has a very minor spiritual problem, which somewhat messes with his Psyche, but it's not serious, and you? ...Frankly, falling in love with Steve doesn't strike me as a "Mental deficiency" although Drina might call it one.
>>
No. 582994 ID: 40935b

'evening Dooriya. The explosives/fire weapons have been made and are waiting in Jal's room. We'd like someone who isn't intoxicated to look it over, as a precaution- if there's no time, just make conventional firebombs. Unfortunately, Jal couldn't come through with the knockout poison, so we'll need to incapacitate those two mantises the old fashioned way. Steve also mentioned that there would be a 'death knight' with them; I have no idea what the implications of that are, but it sounds like something Brad is best equipped to deal with.
>>
No. 583001 ID: 9b57d3

>>582983
> They would have been revived after our King died (and yes, we do remember up to that point now). Also, our king died not to a demon, but to himself. Literally, and not so literally--A magical clone of him killed himself.

He's not beyond saving. I wouldn't mention our vulnerable state in the Vault to Grey just yet- best not to collapse the waveform, so to speak.
>>
No. 583058 ID: d0e0a2

Hello, Dooriya. I see preparations for the mission are well underway. Looks like it's going to involve more Order forces than I thought it would. I have absolutely no complaints about that.

Jal made some bombs for the mission so could you send somebody around to collect them from his room at the inn. We'd like the Order's alchemists to give them a look over just to be sure he made them right. Jal also might have finished work on a tranquilizer for use in the capture of the male mantis cultist but we're not sure if he got to it before getting totally smashed and passing out in a snow pile. Best send an alchemist with whoever is collecting the stuff to ID what's what.

Speaking of Jal, we've decided that we're going to do all we can to turn his life around and get him off the booze. He's going to need a circle of friends and folks to watch out for and support him until he can stand on his own, so we'd like our group to be that for him. Would you be okay with that, Dooriya? I know you hardly know the guy, but we're gonna need all the help we can get for him.

I assume you've done your research for this mission and checked what Steve's Book has to say about Death Knights. Would you give us a summary of what it says on what they are, where they come from, what they're capable of and what they're weak to.

Have there been any reports of the Dark One's Corrupted among the enemy forces we'll be facing on this mission? Even if there haven't been any sightings we can't rule them out for sure because the one that tried to assassinate our king back in the Serath appeared to be a normal cultist right up until it ripped its skin off.

I know it's been said that it's a bitch to bless arrows, but on this mission would it make sense to bless one or two for Vlad to keep in his quiver in case he gets a good clear shot on the vitals of a high danger corrupted target? Or would a blessed arrow just not do enough extra damage to be worth it?

And have there been any more sightings or news of the Brad look-alike? 'Cause I'm getting the totally unfounded but still uneasy feeling he's going to pop up at some point on this mission or on the way back from it.

[Message to Gray: I think Jal might do better if he had more intellectual challenge in his work; Problems he could really sink his mandibles into and look forward to tackling. We thought that perhaps he could aid Dr. Vadoma in her studies, but we don't know if she'd have a use for him that'd fit that criteria. Would there be any other place in the Order that he could go for this?]

>>582983
Why did you put Drina on that list? I know she has a real short temper about some things but even with that I consider her and Dooriya the most psychologically healthy of our seven.

And I think Alexandra put Nikolay and Magnus, AKA Those Two Guys, on her tab at Sten's when we weren't around... At least, I think she did. If we remember to we should ask her if she did next time we see her.
>>
No. 583068 ID: d8a627

>Why did you put Drina on that list?
Traumatized against men. I don't know the story behind it, though, so perhaps I'm just making horrible assumptions that I should not be.
>>
No. 583070 ID: d0e0a2

>>583068
What the...? Where the heck did you get the idea Drina is traumatized against men from?! I can't remember any point where we heard or saw anything that even hinted at that.
>>
No. 583071 ID: 65a774
File 140466534265.png - (19.73KB , 900x450 , 36.png )
583071

>[scan everyone present]
[Neutral Creature (Friendly): Order Guard.] x 6
[Neutral Creature (Friendly): Order Sargent.]
[“Sister of Wisdom” Status: Happy.]
>[Especially scan that lizard in the glasses]
[Neutral Creature (Friendly): Order Alchemist.]
>[message to Grey: I don't suppose you know if Thaark and Thuul got new bodies or not, do you?]
[…who?]
>[Message to Gray: I think Jal might do better if he had more intellectual challenge in his work; Problems he could really sink his mandibles into and look forward to tackling.]
[I’ll see what I can find. We should have some position for an Alchemist pawn… what with pawns inherently have more potential than normal people…]

>Dooriya! How is the mission perpetration coming along?
Oh, just great! We’re almost ready, we just need some explosives.
>Also we've made sure Jal is safe and secure and he's currently cuddled up with a blanket.
Err… that’s… great?
>Speaking of Jal, we've decided that we're going to do all we can to turn his life around and get him off the booze. He's going to need a circle of friends and folks to watch out for and support him until he can stand on his own, so we'd like our group to be that for him. Would you be okay with that, Dooriya?
Of course I’ll help! But… he really has that much of problem with drinking… I… I didn’t know… but of course I’ll do whatever I can for him.
>Does The Order have some therapists? Namely some really good ones.
Well, we do have people we can talk to, yes…

>I assume you've done your research for this mission and checked what Steve's Book has to say about Death Knights.
It only said “Stronger kind of undead” really…
>Have there been any reports of the Dark One's Corrupted among the enemy forces we'll be facing on this mission?
I’m sorry, but we’re a bit in the blind for this one.
>I know it's been said that it's a bitch to bless arrows, but on this mission would it make sense to bless one or two for Vlad to keep in his quiver in case he gets a good clear shot on the vitals of a high danger corrupted target?
We got some arrows already made for him. It’s not many, but it will have to be enough.

>And have there been any more sightings or news of the Brad look-alike?
Not since yesterday, no.
>Seriously, every single one of our pawns except for you and Bradford has a serious mental problem.
Err… wait, you think my sister have mental problems?
>Traumatized against men.
I’m pretty sure she’s not traumatized. It’s just… she was a bit in denial of being gay and did something stupid… in this case, being together with a douchebag… so… she has a bit of a problem with those guys that go around flirting a lot… it’s just reminding her of him.

>Jal made some bombs for the mission so could you send somebody around to collect them from his room at the inn. We'd like the Order's alchemists to give them a look over just to be sure he made them right.
:UnknownKAK: By Siegfried’s beard, what is this?
:StenUNB: Do you really need to check those in here?
:DooriyaUNB: Yes, yes we do… so, they are that bad?
:UnknownKAK: Bad? By Freya’s frozen ass cheek! These things are a work of art! Just look at this fire mechanism. It’s almost like a master artificer did this… and the purity of the compound… it’s like this really expensive stuff those egg heads are doing up in the academy!
:DooriyaUNB: Well, he is from the Academy…
:UnknownKAK: What? Really? Then what is he doing in this dump!? No, wait, forget about it… I… I just have to have a look at his notes…
:DooriyaUNB: So… they are good?
:UnknownKAK: Far better than anything else we got, yes!
>Unfortunately, Jal couldn't come through with the knockout poison.
:UnknownKAK: Actually, I’m pretty sure this bottle here is filled with a liquid that will knock people out. Either make them drink it or make them inhale the fumes and they’ll be sleeping like a Yeti nuzzled in Freya’s frozen bosom.

Insert Bosoms are to be nuzzled, that’s their only purpose_
>>
No. 583075 ID: 9b57d3

>>583071
Well good to hear Jal is a badass. I guess we don't have to worry about him getting fired.

Dooriya, you know how Steve wants us to capture a male mantis from the caravan? I think he's planning to possess the body of whoever we capture.
>>
No. 583077 ID: d8a627

>it’s just reminding her of him.
Ah, my apologies then. As I said, I was making assumptions.
>Either make them drink it or make them inhale the fumes
...I wonder if Vlad coating a water or air crystal in the stuff would do the trick.
>>
No. 583089 ID: d0e0a2

Heh. Looks like Jal has a fan. Hey, you want to see a lizard's jaw hit the floor? Tell the alchemist that Jal made all this while drunk.

An important question for the alchemist: How long is the fuse on these bombs and roughly how powerful are they? The answer will be vital knowledge for when we actually use them.

>it’s like this really expensive stuff those egg heads are doing up in the academy!
Wait a second... Unless Jal stole a bunch of expensive ingredients from the Academy when they threw him out then this means he discovered a method to produce explosive compound this pure much cheaper than the Academy. This means the Order might be able to make high quality explosives in large quantities to give us an edge in this fight. Go up and ask Alexandra where Jal keeps his alchemy notes so the Order alchemist can have a look over them for the explosives recipes.

Oh, I just thought of a nasty tactic the cultists could employ against us: Undead bombers. Basically packing explosives on or even in an undead, then send it charging into our forces to detonate. We better remember to keep an eye out for undead wearing packs or bulky vests.

>she has a bit of a problem with those guys that go around flirting a lot… it’s just reminding her of him.
Ah, that explains her reaction to Jal. Well, I figure she'll probably be on board with helping Jal learn to be a better person and not such a douche.

[Message to Gray: About that alchemist position for Jal: A Order alchemist just examined the bombs Jal made while inebriated and proclaimed them far better than anything the Order has or could make. Looks like Jal's skill is much more than any of us thought. And if he's doing such work while drunk then imagine what he could do sober.]

>>583075
Hmm... Yeah, that's possible. Maybe Steve is going to possess him to infiltrate the cultists, though since he'd be found out by a single scan I doubt he'll be doing that. If Steve does possess the guy it's more likely he's just going to dig through the guy's memories.

>>583077
Dipping one of those arrows in it might work, but it depends on how potent the poison is. But even if it doesn't immediately knock the target out it'll still leave them drowsy. However we shouldn't totally rely on Vlad for this. I think that the knockout poison should be split up among those who're going to be on the capture team. Give each member of the team a stoppered vial of it and a cloth they could apply it to and hold to the face of the target.
>>
No. 583097 ID: 40935b

Hopefully this means the Order will view Jal's alcoholism as an eccentricity rather than a liability long enough for us to help him. He'll need the job stability.

Okey, issue those to people with a strong throwing arm and tell them to use the devices on massed cultists and materiel, and the latter after you've made sure civilians are away from the caravan. And watch out for that death knight.

Rally the troops, let's bag some cultists. What's our troop count?
>>
No. 583109 ID: 65a774
File 140468433483.png - (10.81KB , 900x450 , 37.png )
583109

>[Message to Gray: About that alchemist position for Jal: A Order alchemist just examined the bombs Jal made while inebriated and proclaimed them far better than anything the Order has or could make.]
[As I said, the game only chooses the best to be pawns.]
>Hopefully this means the Order will view Jal's alcoholism as an eccentricity rather than a liability long enough for us to help him. He'll need the job stability.
[We are in need of alchemist with his kind of skill. The ones we have now are mostly self-thought.]

>Dooriya, you know how Steve wants us to capture a male mantis from the caravan? I think he's planning to possess the body of whoever we capture.
He needs a mortal body to… well… um… become mortal… so… you know…
>...I wonder if Vlad coating a water or air crystal in the stuff would do the trick.
Hmm… that can work, yes…
>However we shouldn't totally rely on Vlad for this. I think that the knockout poison should be split up among those who're going to be on the capture team. Give each member of the team a stoppered vial of it and a cloth they could apply it to and hold to the face of the target.
Yeah, I’ll spread it out as much as I can. It’s vital most of the troops are ready to capture a mantis.
>What's our troop count?
Let’s see… we’re two squads plus me… so… um… one squad was that sergeant and five privates I was talking to a moment ago, the other is sergeant Drina with Private Bradford, Alex, Vlad and… I guess Anna won’t be coming… so that’s it. There are eleven of us.

>Heh. Looks like Jal has a fan. Hey, you want to see a lizard's jaw hit the floor? Tell the alchemist that Jal made all this while drunk.
:UnknownKAK: HE WAS WHAT!? D-do you know how dangerous that is! That guy is a lunatic!
:DooriyaUNB: (Um… not the way you expected the jaw to drop, right?)
>An important question for the alchemist: How long is the fuse on these bombs and roughly how powerful are they?
:UnknownKAK: Let’s see… for the grenades it’s a standard timer. Just press here to remove the safety, pull away the handle and it will blow in about five seconds. As for the bigger bomb… hmm… I don’t actu- hey, here’s a note… “one minute”… huh… I guess that’s it? Just activate these two just like you would a grenade and pull this leaver and you’ll get a big boom after a minute.
>Wait a second... Unless Jal stole a bunch of expensive ingredients from the Academy when they threw him out then this means he discovered a method to produce explosive compound this pure much cheaper than the Academy.
:UnknownKAK: Actually, it’s more about skill and technique. He probably got years of training from some of the best people in the country if he’s from the academy.
>Oh, I just thought of a nasty tactic the cultists could employ against us: Undead bombers.
Err… they already do. We’ve met some of them before.



>Go up and ask Alexandra where Jal keeps his alchemy notes so the Order alchemist can have a look over them for the explosives recipes.
:DooriyaUNB: Excuse me, Al- what in the-
:VladUNB: It’s not what it looks like!
:AlexUNB: GET OUT!!
:DooriyaUNB: Are those… porno mag-
:AlexUNB: I SAID GET OUT!!!!

Insert Wops…_
>>
No. 583111 ID: 9ddf68

right... didn't think they'd try this so early.

Anyways shut the door and through the door ask them where they'd think Jal would leave his notes.
>>
No. 583112 ID: 40935b

... Y'know, I think you should ask Jal for permission instead. Y'know, later.

Also, don't you knock?
>>
No. 583125 ID: dbe554

Slowly back out of the room, grip the door handle and close it. Then yell through the door.
>>
No. 583130 ID: 65a774
File 140469066407.png - (20.24KB , 900x450 , 38.png )
583130

>Right... didn't think they'd try this so early.
:AlexUNB: (What!? No, that’s not- not at all wh-)
:VladUNB: (Um… we found them on Jal when we were putting him to bed… err… we were just about to carry them over to his room and… um…)

>Slowly back out of the room, grip the door handle and close it. Then yell through the door.
:DooriyaUNB: Sorry… sorry… um… Do you know where Jal has his notes about his alchemy work?
:AlexUNB: How should I know!? Check his desk or something!
>... Y'know, I think you should ask Jal for permission instead. Y'know, later.
:DooriyaUNB: Right… I’ll just ask him when… um… he’s awake again.
:AlexUNB: That would probably be for the best, yes.
:DooriyaUNB: Um… and… err… we’ll be leaving in an hour.
:VladUNB: We’ll be out there by then!

>Also, don't you knock?
Of course I knocked… err… I just opened the door as soon as I knocked and… um… that might have been a bit rude, yes… anyway, one hour before we leave… the men are ready… we got potions, explosives and weapons… hmmm… is there something I’m forgetting? Wait, where is Sis?

[Message from Grey: If you wish, you can see Anna now.]

Insert More explosions, bigger explosions and more bigger explosions…_
>>
No. 583140 ID: d8a627

>Wait, where is Sis?
She'll be back shortly. She just had to go tell her giiiiood friend that she will be late for a meeting they arranged.
>[Message from Grey: If you wish, you can see Anna now.]
Ah, they've finished speaking with Anna, we're going to go check on her.
[switch to The Valkyrie]
>>
No. 583152 ID: dbe554

Yeah your sisters fine, she was getting some things to make up the fact she was going to be late.
>>
No. 583153 ID: 40935b

Don't forget Brad. Also, those poison vials and firebombs need to be distributed.

Grey says we can see Anna now, so we'll go check up in her. If you know anything about Order interrogation, or god forbid, visiting friends in prison, we'd like to know.
>>
No. 583157 ID: d0e0a2

Well, last we were with Drina she was on her way to tell Tsure that she'd likely be late to their five 'o clock dinner date, but she had detoured to ask Ella the druid what gift to give Tsure when she did. That was just after noon so if nothing went wrong Drina ought to be back at the Cathedral by now. Here, lemme check her status for you just to be sure she's alright. [Check status of "The Sister of Power" and echo to "The Sister of Wisdom"]

Also, surprisingly it really wasn't what it looked like up there. Vlad told us they found those porno mags on Jal when they put him to bed and were about to take them over to his room when you so rudely barged in.

Okay, lets find out just who The Scoundrel is: [Scan masked human] [Scan masked mantis] If it's not one of them then it's the masked lizard we saw before.

Yanno, we keep asking what the time is but maybe we can just check it ourselves. [Display current in-game time]

Gray just told us we can see Anna now so we're gonna switch over to her. [Switch to "The Valkyrie"]
>>
No. 583165 ID: 9b57d3

Wait. WAIT. That human in the happy mask is The Scoundrel, one of Green's pawns, and was last seen with Drina. Stick around, Dooriya. We'll do a quick check to make sure everything's fine.
[check status of pawns]
>>
No. 583170 ID: d0e0a2

>>583165
We don't know he's The Scoundrel. We just know that The Scoundrel was one of those three Larvate Brotherhood mercs next to Ella's stall. And we don't even know if it was The Scoundrel that was hitting on Drina when we left, though it's likely that was him.

[Message to Green: How did Drina take your Scoundrel hitting on her? We had to switch away and missed what happened. She really doesn't like guys aggressively hitting on her so we hope it didn't end in her punching him.]
>>
No. 583231 ID: 65a774
File 140473863008.png - (16.15KB , 900x450 , 39.png )
583231

>[Message to Green: How did Drina take your Scoundrel hitting on her? We had to switch away and missed what happened. She really doesn't like guys aggressively hitting on her so we hope it didn't end in her punching him.]
[Message from Green: She told him to sod off and that she wasn’t interested. He apologized and gave her space so she should talk to the Druid.]
>[check status of pawns]
[“The Savage” Status: Concerned. “The hunter” Status: Happy. “The priest” Status: Embarrassed. “The Alchemist” Status: Sleeping, Drunk. “Sister of Wisdom” Status: Content. “Sister of Power” Status: Angry, Scared Shitless. “The Valkyrie” Status: Depressed.]
>[Scan masked human]
[“The Scoundrel” belongs to player Green!]
>[Scan masked mantis]
[Neutral Creature (Neutral): Larvate Brotherhood Mercenary.]
>[Display current in-game time]
[22.34 –error!11- 33.21-##666!!]

>surprisingly it really wasn't what it looked like up there. Vlad told us they found those porno mags on Jal when they put him to bed and were about to take them over to his room when you so rudely barged in.
Ah, well then. That’s… um… I have to admit, I have no idea what it was supposed to look like, really…
>Don't forget Brad. Also, those poison vials and firebombs need to be distributed.
Oh, right, we can’t forget our heavy hitter!

>Your sister will be back shortly. She just had to go tell her giiiiood friend that she will be late for a meeting they arranged.
…what’s a giod?
>Well, last we were with Drina she was on her way to tell Tsure that she'd likely be late to their five 'o clock dinner date, but she had detoured to ask Ella the druid what gift to give Tsure when she did.
…dinner date? OH! She actually… she… that’s great! She finally got the courage to try! Oh, I can’t wait to meet this Tsure.

>Ah, they've finished speaking with Anna, we're going to go check on her.
Of course, you guys most be worried sick… I know I am…
>If you know anything about Order interrogation, or god forbid, visiting friends in prison, we'd like to know.
Well… I can tell you that they try to be as fair as possible and… I’m pretty sure she won’t be in prison.



>[switch to The Valkyrie]
:BradfordUNB: So… how did it go?
:AnnaUNB: Um… bad news… I confessed and I have been sentenced to be a penal soldier until I die.
:BradfordUNB: …oh, that’s-
:AnnaUNB: No, no… I deserve that… good news is that I’ll be Dooriyas responsibility.
:BradfordUNB: Ah, that’s good. That means you’ll still be with us.
:AnnaUNB: More bad news is that they’ll infuse me with magic that needs to be renewed every week or I’ll die slow and painfully…
:BradfordUNB: So you can’t run away, huh?
:AndrzejUNB: More good news, your sister is still alive.
:AnnaUNB: I… WHAT!? SHE IS!? But they… they told me she… was…
:AndrzejUNB: They didn’t have enough evidence to get an execution. She’s just been imprisoned all this time.
:AnnaUNB: That’s great! I… you have to let me see her!
:AndrzejUNB: another time, maybe… I got more bad news… um… part of the deal with the king that makes us have a Judicial Autonomy also demands that we’ll honor the… um… right for people to… demand honor from prisoners that’s been sentenced for murder or worse…
:BradfordUNB: …demand honor? You mean like a duel?
:AndrzejUNB: A duel to the death, yes.
:AnnaUNB: …oh, by Siegfried, he demanded a duel, didn’t he!? And I can’t refuse!?
:AndrzejUNB: Err… yes… that’s exactly right… so… um… whenever you’re ready… either today or tomorrow…

insert He challenged her to a match of duel monsters… to the death!!_
>>
No. 583232 ID: d8a627

Well th-
Bradford, are you wearing a bow? Or are you just standing in front of something that looks like a bow?
>either today or tomorrow…
Hold on, if it's possible for it to wait until tomorrow, then Anna can get a good bit of training in... But it also means there's the risk that he'll find a way to spy on her training to know what he's up against.
We've managed to protect our pawns before, although it was, admittedly, against another player, but perhaps we can manage to find a way to give Anna some protective boons.
>A duel to the death, yes.
...Right, a duel to the death means that there's not really any honor if we're intervening like that, is there? We still might be able to convince him to monologue about what all's going on, but I have to ask, Anna: If he does so before launching an attack in the fight, would you be willing to let him finish up, or at least wait until he's at least "ready" to fight?
>that’s been sentenced for murder or worse…
Well, you could have technically argued for self-defense on both charges--He did kill your other sister, after all... But at this point, it is too late to do that.
Just remember, you're a leaf on the wind... There are plenty of nonlethal methods you could use to strike at him, but it's probably best that you give him a swift, merciful death, since one of you will have to die by the end of the duel.
>your sister is still alive.
And you don't want to be the one to die after hearing that your sister is still alive, do you?
>they’ll infuse me with magic that needs to be renewed every week or I’ll die slow and painfully
It's a good thing you had planned to remain here helping them out anyways, yeah?

There's something I'm wondering here, Andrzej should be able to answer it, but I'm asking Gray directly, so there's no need for you to ask.
[Message Gray: If there are any special rules for the duel, or any requests that you have, it may be best to let us know now rather than later. My current plan is to have Anna try to summon her windwalker power and give the man a swift, merciful death.]
[Share speech with The Savage and The Valkyrie with Player Gray]
>>
No. 583242 ID: 40935b

>[22.34 –error!11- 33.21-##666!!]
>666!!
IT KEEPS HAPPENING
>>583232
I think that's the top bit of a potted plant.

>No, no… I deserve that…
look, Anna, I'm terrible at consoling people, but you really don't. One incident doesn't make you a bad person, and from what we know of you, you must have had a damn good reason to start swinging. If penance will make you feel better than confession did that's fine, but it's not something you should have to carry for the rest of your life.

I'm guessing 'he' is the soldier who forged that document? Why hasn't he gotten in any trouble for forging royal documents and faking the king's seal? That should bring all kinds of trumped up charges. He's a royal guard, so he'll be tougher than that von Zolner Schmuck.

Brad, everyone is moving out for the ambush in an hour. You can stay here, if you'd like, though Drina's status is "angry, scared shitless", so we should probably see what that's about- if it's nothing, we'll be back.
[switch to sister of power]
>>
No. 583256 ID: d0e0a2

>>583242
I concur. Anna, you're not a bad person. While what you did was terrible, it was an act of desperation; The culmination of a chain of suffering going back years. While you should pay your penance for the crime, it shouldn't be for your whole life. You should get the chance to become a better person and then be free to go on to live your life, so we'll speak with Gray and ask if the sentance could be lessened at some point.

[Message to Gray: Is Anna's sentence totally set in stone or could it change? Maybe reduced at some point, or the possibility of parole added for good service after a number of years?]

They probably didn't tell you two yet, but the royal order for Anna's execution is a forgery; It's missing the watermarks of an official order. And from what we've gathered we're pretty darn certain the human royal guard is the one who had the forgery made and that he's the only one who knew it was a fake. Also, the human royal guard's surname is "Tempest," so we figure he's related to Anna in some way. Anna, do you have any male relatives who're lieutenants in the royal guard?

I assume the 'he' that's calling for the duel is Lt. Tempest... Hey, wait a minute. Shouldn't he have been arrested already for using a forged royal order? Or is what evidence we have not enough to conclusively lay it on him? Or is this a jurisdiction thing and the king's men have to come in to make the arrest?

Anna, have they done the infusion yet? 'Cause we'd like to have you along on the mission today, both so you can get the combat experience and so we'd have one more (semi-)Windwalker on the field.

I'd say put off the duel to tomorrow at the latest that Lt. Tempest will agree to. It'll give you more time to train up and possibly get some combat experience as well. You're going to need it 'cause unlike Alexi, Lt. Tempest will actually know how to fight. And assuming we're waiting on the king's men to arrest Lt. Tempest for the forged orders, putting the duel means it's more likely he'll be arrested before it happens.

Hey, how 'bout our group all pitches in so Anna can cover the cost of an express letter to her sister letting her know what happened and where Anna is. Then her sister'll know to come up here as soon as she's released.

Oh, and Brad, we found out where those 10 crows you gave to Andrzej went. That was good of you, man.

Now, we're sorry, but we have to switch away. Drina's status is "angry, scared shitless" so we have to make sure she's not in trouble. We'll be back shortly if she's okay. [Switch to "The Sister of Power"]
>>
No. 583267 ID: 9ddf68

uh... probably not the best time for this but is Anna still coming on the raid or no?
>>
No. 583268 ID: 65a774
File 140476883037.png - (23.34KB , 900x450 , 40.png )
583268

>[Message to Gray: Is Anna's sentence totally set in stone or could it change? Maybe reduced at some point, or the possibility of parole added for good service after a number of years?]
[Her sentence will last as long as she is useful to us. Be it death, mutilation or even victory and she will be free.]
>[Message Gray: If there are any special rules for the duel, or any requests that you have, it may be best to let us know now rather than later.]
[No interference from an outside source! That’s including you! The duelists are also responsible to bring their own weapons and armor.]

>look, Anna, I'm terrible at consoling people, but you really don't. One incident doesn't make you a bad person.
:AnnaUNB: …I guess?
>You could have technically argued for self-defense on both charges--He did kill your other sister, after all...
:AndrzejUNB: We don’t have enough proof yet to rule it self-defense. If we get more evidence your sentence might change.
>It's a good thing you had planned to remain here helping them out anyways, yeah?
:AnnaUNB: Um… yeah… kind off… it’s more like… I don’t really have anywhere else to go.
>Brad, everyone is moving out for the ambush in an hour. You can stay here, if you'd like.
:BradfordUNB:
:AnnaUNB: Go out there and kick some ass, Brad. They need you more than me.

>I'm guessing 'he' is the soldier who forged that document? Why hasn't he gotten in any trouble for forging royal documents and faking the king's seal?
:AndrzejUNB: He’s been arrested, but he needs to be escorted to the capital for judgment. As he hasn’t been sentenced yet, he still has the right to demand a duel.
>The human royal guard's surname is "Tempest," so we figure he's related to Anna in some way.
:AnnaUNB: Tempest!? …oh… oh gods, it’s my uncle, isn’t it?
:BradfordUNB: …um… that’s…
:AnnaUNB: He hated me… of course it would be him…
>I'd say put off the duel to tomorrow at the latest that Lt. Tempest will agree to.
:AndrzejUNB: Very well, we’ll give you the exact time tomorrow morning.
>Anna, have they done the infusion yet? 'Cause we'd like to have you along on the mission today.
:AndrzejUNB: We got a cleric waiting for you to make the infusion right now. If you really want to head out today…
:AnnaUNB: I… I need the experience… before tomorrow…
:AndrzejUNB: …if you wish.
>Hey, how 'bout our group all pitches in so Anna can cover the cost of an express letter to her sister letting her know what happened and where Anna is.
:AndrzejUNB: A message has already been sent. She will know soon enough.
>Oh, and Brad, we found out where those 10 crows you gave to Andrzej went. That was good of you, man.
:BradfordUNB: …didn’t I send that- alright, who told you?
:AndrzejUNB: Err… don’t look at me…
>Now, we're sorry, but we have to switch away. Drina's status is "angry, scared shitless" so we have to make sure she's not in trouble.
:BradfordUNB: Right… good luck with that, then…
:AnnaUNB: Bye voices.



>[switch to sister of power]
Dammit, Drina! You coward! You’ve faced demons without breaking a sweat; spit in the very face of death and you… you’re shaking like a little girl! Just… just go in there and… but… what if… no! GO! IN! THERE! …*sigh* …just… move your legs… move, Drina, move… deep breath… deeeep… don’t… scream…

Insert Demon spawns doesn’t even measure up to this kind of fear_
>>
No. 583271 ID: 9ddf68

Hey Drina, girl problems I take it.

So if I had to guess you got your gift and are about to say that you might be late but are suddenly getting cold feet. Would you like us to go in with you?
>>
No. 583275 ID: d8a627

Dammit Drina, when our "Check Pawns" request told us you were scared and angry, we thought something bad had happened to you. Get ahold of yourself! I mean it, don't make us take control of you!

...No, we cannot actually do that. Other artificial gods could, but we're, uh, "crippled" in such a way that we're missing at least two standard abilities. Seriously, though, get the task done or you'll end up risking your job. Tsure might be upset at the possibility that you'll be late, but what'll she think if you lose your job for going AWOL? Don't make her furious at you for skipping out on the mission.
>>
No. 583278 ID: d0e0a2

Ah, you're okay! You had us worried there for a moment. From your status we thought you'd been jumped by a daemonic horror or something. We're glad it's something we can actually help you with.

Okay, Drina, I won't say you've got nothing to worry about here 'cause you've undoubtedly told yourself that over and over already and it's obviously not working, so I'll say this instead: Remember last night when you met Tsure and you were so nervous, but as soon as she started talking things "clicked" and you weren't anymore? Well, this is similar. Just march yourself through that doorway, Tsure will ask you why you're so early, and things'll just "click" and flow from there. And if you want us to come along to help in case things somehow don't "click" we'll be happy to.

So, what'd Ella recommend as a gift? We can see it's red but can't quite make it out. A bouquet of roses?
>>
No. 583279 ID: dbe554

March! Move those mantid legs soldier! You are stong! You have powerful will! YOU WILL WALK IN THERE AND PROVE YOUR STRENGTH OF CHARACTER.
>>
No. 583294 ID: 40935b

All together now- AWWWWWWW~!

Well don't let us keep you. You've got to explain you've been deployed unexpectedly, but you should be back very soon. But don't worry, You brought you something to make up for it- is that flowers or chocolate?
>>
No. 583380 ID: 65a774
File 140483780248.png - (23.66KB , 900x450 , 41.png )
583380

>Hey Drina, girl problems I take it.
Oh, it’s you! Yes! Help me!
>All together now- AWWWWWWW~!
Wha- tha- s-shut u-up!!
>Dammit Drina, when our "Check Pawns" request told us you were scared and angry, we thought something bad had happened to you.
…yes, I-I’m scared… and I’m a-angry at myself for being a… a… f-freaking coward…
>So, what'd Ella recommend as a gift? We can see it's red but can't quite make it out. A bouquet of roses?
Yes, it’s a bouquet of roses… Ella said Tsure has a soft spot for cliché romance stuff… you know, roses… chocolate… the knight in shining armor rescuing the fair maiden… err… wait, who’s the maiden and who’s the knight? Hmmm…

>Okay, Drina, I won't say you've got nothing to worry about here 'cause you've undoubtedly told yourself that over and over already and it's obviously not working, so I'll say this instead: Remember last night when you met Tsure and you were so nervous, but as soon as she started talking things "clicked" and you weren't anymore?
…right… right… when we start… it will just… “click”… but… um… what if it don’t? What if this was just a mista- no… no, stop it Drina!
>Seriously, though, get the task done or you'll end up risking your job. Tsure might be upset at the possibility that you'll be late, but what'll she think if you lose your job for going AWOL? Don't make her furious at you for skipping out on the mission.
I won’t lose my job if I miss the mission but… you’re right… I can’t just… disappear.

>March! Move those mantid legs soldier! You are stong! You have powerful will! YOU WILL WALK IN THERE AND PROVE YOUR STRENGTH OF CHARACTER.
Right… let’s do this, soldier! Let’s kick some abdomen, maggot! Turn around a-
:TsureUNB: D-DRINA!? W-what are you do- it’s way t-to early!
:DrinaUNB: Ghgntfffftsst…
:TsureUNB: …what?
:DrinaUNB: Err… w-w-what I meant to say is…
:AdelaUNB: …who’s that, mommy?
:TsureUNB: Err…
:DrinaUNB:

Insert She’s so tiny! Why do you have to be so tiny?_
>>
No. 583383 ID: dbe554

Oh my god we've never seen a mantid child before, she's so cute! She's so adorably tiny! She's even got adorable little spectacles! Aww I just want to hug her!

*Squeeee ensues*

Now uh...You may just want to tell her about the timing of the mission and that you may miss your date.
>>
No. 583384 ID: 2fd516

>>583380
Dawwwwww... How do you feel about her already having a kid?

Oh right. Pick up those roses and tell her you wanted her to know you've got a mission today so you might be late.
>>
No. 583396 ID: 759d37

>>583380
Let Drina take the lead for explaining who you are. The kiddo might not know their mom is out dating at all.

As for a good explanation:
"I came early because I needed to tell you I'd be late. I was given a very important mission this morning, and it might make me miss our get-together."
>>
No. 583405 ID: 78193a

[Scan Tsure and her child] Eeeeeeee! [Sqeeeeeing intensifies] Tsure's kid is adorable! I just want to give that little bug a big hug! ...But I won't 'cause that'd be terribly rude for a stranger to do even if we weren't intangible levitating teal squids. ...But you might be our hug proxy later on, Drina.

Okay, back on track. Drina, whatever you do, DO NOT let on in any way you're going on a date with Tsure in front of her kid! You don't know the situation here. It might be Tsure is keeping her dating secret from her kid. Or that she's dating ladies. Or it may be she just wants to keep those she's dating separate from her kid until she's vetted them. Whatever the reason is, Tsure doesn't want her kid to know what's what yet and you should do what you can to oblige her. In fact, say as little as you can in front of the kid.

You need to give Tsure an opportunity to send her kid back inside. Just say that you wanted to speak with her privately. If she doesn't catch on ask if she would send her kid inside so you two can talk. And don't pick up the roses yet since that'll draw more of her kid's attention to them.

Once you two are alone, snatch up the roses and apologize profusely for coming so early. Then just let everything spill out. That you got a mission came up for this afternoon and you wanted to tell her in person that you might not make it back before five and then you thought you'd get her a present as a kind of preemptive apology if you were late and you probably should have just sent a messenger with a note and you hope she's not upset at you for showing up now and her cute kid seeing you and would she like the flowers now or at dinner? 'Cause you can hold onto them if she doesn't want her kid to see her walk in with them 'cause that'd raise questions.

>>583383
We've actually seen a few in person back in the sultan's palace right before Jericho's ill-fated introduction lunch. And Daithi's family portrait showed him and all his siblings when they were kids as well.
>>
No. 583406 ID: d8a627

>You may just want to tell her about the timing of the mission and that you may miss your date.
I'm not sure if she wants her daughter to know about it, though. Or son, like I said our eyesight is horrid.
Of course, Tsure did say that Drina herself was early, and the kid probably heard that, so just say that your mission might make you late, and Ella said to bring the roses as an apology. No need to explain finer details incase Tsure doesn't want the kid to know, but if Tsure does ask, then feel free to explain.
>Aww I just want to hug her!
I'd initiate a squid hug but after causing a breakdown in an arachnophobe, I'd rather not risk it.
>78193a
Gah! Man the cannons, a2! We've got competition! Yes, I'm kidding, it's nice to see more heavy talkers.
>And don't pick up the roses yet since that'll draw more of her kid's attention to them.
Of course, the kid (Who we can see the name of, but let's not tell Drina, 'cause frankly that would make her look like a crazy stalker) might see the roses anyways, that's why we bring up Ella. If the kid brings up knowing what Ella does, and Tsure doesn't offer any attempt to stop the kid, then be surprised. You thought she just introduced you two as friends who had similar interests.
>and apologize profusely for coming so early.
...If all else fails, go all soldiery on it. Take a stance and say "Ma'am, I apologize, Ma'am! New orders might delay our meeting, Ma'am!" But make sure to give a show of your nervousness over standard chatting.
Definitely AVOID getting all soldiery if you can help it, though.
>wait, who’s the maiden and who’s the knight?
Given that you're an active knight, while she just hangs around the baker, I think she's the maiden... Although you can certainly switch it up from time to time.
>>
No. 583415 ID: 9ddf68

holy crap this is the first time we've ever came across a kid that wasn't a lizard egg.

They're so small

But yeah as for something to say, just tell her you came early to say that you might be late for that get together you promised so you thought it would be nice to let her know ahead of time instead of just brushing it off.
>>
No. 583419 ID: 65a774
File 140484899203.png - (24.30KB , 900x450 , 42.png )
583419

Just noticed that Tsure’s character portrait is mirrored so… well crap, art error.
>[Scan Tsure and her child]
[Neutral creature (Friendly): Veteran.]
[Neutral creature (Friendly): Mantis Child.]

>*Squeeee ensues*
Y-yes, yes, she’s v-very cute and adorable and huggable and… but… b-but…
>Dawwwwww... How do you feel about her already having a kid?
I DON’T KNOW! I’m… I haven’t really… thought… I’m… I’m not really ready to be a mother and… I… oh, Thane, I… I… she’s what!? 5? 6? That’s… that’s almost a fourth of my life! I can’t… but… I… I really like Tsure but… I… how do I… I… erght…

>Let Tsure take the lead for explaining who you are. The kiddo might not know their mom is out dating at all.
:TsureUNB: Oh, that’s Drina, just… um… one mommy’s friends, Dearie… err… oh, look! Anton’s mother is waiting with a carriage just down the road, why don’t you just go over there and head right over to the slumber party, sweetie.
:AdelaUNB: …are you going to be my new other mommy, Drina?
:TsureUNB: Adela, sweetie, please hurry before they leave without you, dear…
:AdelaUNB: …alright, mommy! See you tomorrow!
:TsureUNB: Bye sweetie, have fun… um… so… err…
:DrinaUNB:
:TsureUNB:
>Once you two are alone, snatch up the roses and apologize profusely for coming so early.
:DrinaUNB: Um… I must apologize bu-
:TsureUNB: Oh… I… I understand… I should have told you I-
:DrinaUNB: What? No, I’m here to apologize that I’ll maybe be late tonight. I just got a very important mission from the very top and… um…
:TsureUNB: …wait, the Archbishop hand-picked you for a mission!?
:DrinaUNB: Err… well, not exactly the Archbishop but… um… kind of?
:TsureUNB: Yes, yes… I… I understand… Lives depends on those missions… so… um… maybe we should-
:DrinaUNB: As long as nothing happens I’ll definitely be here by six.
:TsureUNB: …six it is, then.

>Would she like the flowers now or at dinner?
:TsureUNB: I can take them now, if that’s okay and… oh, they are lovely… I… I always dreamt of having a handsome knight come riding on her mighty stead with a bouquet of red roses for me… you know… um… this might sound a bit… um… you don’t happen to have a ceremonial armor or anything?
:DrinaUNB: Err… no, I’m… I’m still a bit to low rank for that…
:TsureUNB: Oh…
:DrinaUNB:
:TsureUNB:

>Given that you're an active knight, while she just hangs around the baker, I think she's the maiden...
…going by her dream, I think you’re rig- OH SIEGFRIED, MAKE THE AWKWARD SILENCE STOP!!

Insert The sound of silence_
>>
No. 583421 ID: 2fd516

>>583419
Ask about the kid! Was she adopted, or from a previous marriage or what?
>>
No. 583422 ID: dbe554

Are you that nervous about being a mother? Are you nervous enough to stop loving her over it?
>>
No. 583424 ID: 9ddf68

>Insert The sound of silence_
hello darkness my old friend
I've come to speak to you again


soooo... that your only kid?
>>
No. 583429 ID: 65a774
File 140485245879.png - (23.47KB , 900x450 , 43.png )
583429

>Are you that nervous about being a mother?
OF COURSE I AM!! I DON’T WANT TO BE A MOTHER!! I can’t- I don’t- I’m still- GAH!!
>Are you nervous enough to stop loving her over it?
I… I like her… but… she got… a kid and… I… I like her… I… I really want… someone… but…

>soooo... that your only kid?
:TsureUNB: Adela? Oh, yes, she’s… um… it’s a bit…
>Ask about the kid! Was she adopted, or from a previous marriage or what?
:TsureUNB: Six years ago… um… do you know about the small town of Kristalå?
:DrinaUNB: Hmm… let me think… wasn’t that place mostly burned down in a bandit ra- oh… OH…
:TsureUNB: It was my last job before I retired from the army… I was stationed as a guard there… I… there was this family… they… they used to make us dinner… one of the husbands used to weave extra scarf to us… and… and they had just gotten five kids…
:DrinaUNB: …they didn’t make it?
:TsureUNB: …only Adela did… I… it just felt right to adopt her… to honor their memory, you know…
:DrinaUNB: …oh…
:TsureUNB: …but enough gloom, eh? Let’s… um… let’s… err… I need to get back to work… um… so… six?
:DrinaUNB: Six tonight… and I promise you that I’ll be there in full ceremonial uniform.
:TsureUNB: That would be nice and… um… Drina? I…
:DrinaUNB::TsureUNB: *Kiss*
:TsureUNB: …be careful, alright?
:DrinaUNB: Don’t worry about me…



…by Siegfreids beard, how am I supposed to find a ceremonial uniform before tonight!? Stupid! STUPID! Dammit Drina, why do you make promises you can’t keep! STUPID!!

Insert A lie eternal_
>>
No. 583430 ID: 9ddf68

can't you just grab one from the armory? Hell we've been bitching at you to grab more armor for the raid. Just say you want armor for the raid, grab the armor you want and just don't wear it saying you thought better of it. Then just wear it to the date and return it. If anyone ask way you didn't return it strait away just say you bothered to take it with you, you thought you might as well use it for something.

Also if it makes you feel better you got a raid for you to vent your frustrations out on.
>>
No. 583431 ID: 40935b

> how am I supposed to find a ceremonial uniform before tonight!?
Ask a quartermaster nicely. Tell him it'll be back in storage in better condition you found it before he knows it. If that doesn't work, try asking someone who was issued Ceremonial uniform if you could borrow theirs.

Just don't wear it to the raid.
>>
No. 583432 ID: 2fd516

>>583429
Ask your commander.
>>
No. 583434 ID: 78193a

Drina, you don't have time to stand around and worry. Hurry on back to the Cathedral before you get caught up in your own mind and lose track of time.

Is Dooriya high enough rank to have a ceremonial uniform or armor? If so you could ask to borrow it. But if she doesn't we could ask Gray to loan you one from the Order armory for the night, if they have one in stock. Otherwise, where else would there be a female mantis ceremonial uniform or set of armor in this city? Perhaps it doesn't have to be Order? It could be a costume if you run out of other options; It just has to look the part, after all.

>OF COURSE I AM!! I DON’T WANT TO BE A MOTHER!! I can’t- I don’t- I’m still- GAH!! >I… I like her… but… she got… a kid and… I… I like her… I… I really want… someone… but…
Drina, you don't have to be a mother right away; Tsure has that handled. You just keep going with Tsure and if she feels you're good enough she'll decide to gradually introduce Adela into your relationship. Then you'll find out just how much a mother you can and want to be here.

Would it help if you thought of Adela as a little sister instead of a daughter? Would being a big sister be easier to get your head around?

>I… it just felt right to adopt her… to honor their memory, you know…
Oh, geeze. She's even more wonderful than you thought before, isn't she?

>>583430
It's ceremonial armor; That kind of armor is usually not fit for combat, nor is it given out to just anyone who asks.

You can ask a mod to swap out the image in a post as well as edit the text of a post. Then you could replace the character portrait on the icon board as well as the image in the previous update to match it. Just upload the right images somewhere, get on the tgchan IRC channel (irc.rizon.net #tgchan,) ask for a mod then provide an explanation and links to the correct images and to the posts that need images replaced. If you don't have an IRC client Rizon has a browser-based one at http://rizon.net/chat
>>
No. 583435 ID: 54ea3b

Surely your sister's rank is high enough to get one, right? Even if it isn't, she still has that book of infinite knowledge on her, which may know the location of a pair that you don't need a high rank for!
>>
No. 583436 ID: d8a627

>am I supposed to find a ceremonial uniform before tonight!?
Well... We could talk to Gray about it, but after getting Jal into good graces it might be pushing our luck.
>Ask a quartermaster nicely.
>just don't wear it saying you thought better of it. Then just wear it to the date and return it. If anyone ask way you didn't return it strait away just say you bothered to take it with you, you thought you might as well use it for something.
This does sound good, but
>It's ceremonial armor; That kind of armor is usually not fit for combat, nor is it given out to just anyone who asks.
Maybe we will have to ask Gray. Would you like us to ask her ourselves, or connect you to her?
>she still has that book of infinite knowledge on her, which may know the location of a pair that you don't need a high rank for!
That seems like it would be abusing the book... So far we've used it to the advantage of our entire group, not for personal gain.
>>
No. 583438 ID: 65a774
File 140486148975.png - (18.30KB , 900x450 , 44.png )
583438

> You can ask a mod to swap out the image in a post as well as edit the text of a post. Then you could replace the character portrait on the icon board as well as the image in the previous update to match it.
Or I can just mirror the sprites and pretend that it never happened…

>Drina, you don't have time to stand around and worry. Hurry on back to the Cathedral before you get caught up in your own mind and lose track of time.
Oh, right, the raid! I better hurry and get my stuff!
>Drina, you don't have to be a mother right away; Tsure has that handled. You just keep going with Tsure and if she feels you're good enough she'll decide to gradually introduce Adela into your relationship.
…you’re right… I… I shouldn’t panic…
>Would it help if you thought of Adela as a little sister instead of a daughter? Would being a big sister be easier to get your head around?
That’s… hmm… that would be… wait, if she’s my little sister… and Tsure is her mom… would that make me a… you know what… I’ll just consider her Tsure’s little sister for now… there, that’s better.

>If it makes you feel better you got a raid for you to vent your frustrations out on.
Yeah, I’m looking forward to bashing in some cultist skulls!
>Can't you just grab one from the armory?
Ceremonial armor is custom made… and even if they had some they wouldn’t be fitted for me!
>Ask a quartermaster nicely.
>Ask your commander.
As I said… actually… maybe I should ask the captain… maybe I’m lucky? Hmm…
>Well... We could talk to Gray about it, but after getting Jal into good graces it might be pushing our luck.
Um… let’s take that as a last resort. I rather not bring something as trivial as this with the top…
>Just don't wear it to the raid.
Of course not. It’s ceremonial. It’s junk in real combat.

>Surely your sister's rank is high enough to get one, right?
Of course! She does have a set! She might be slightly taller than me and a bit… wider… but it should fit. I’ll ask her as soon as I see her. She’s bound to lend me it!



:DooriyaUNB: No.
:DrinaUNB: Oh, come on… please…?
:DooriyaUNB: Sis, lending out a uniform is against regulations. I’ll be punished if this gets out! You always make those promises you can’t keep… maybe it’s time for you to learn a bit of a lesson, eh?
:DrinaUNB: But… I… come on…
:DooriyaUNB: I’m not going to scrub toilets for a week just so you can have some… “bling”, sis.

Insert The Decadent Dandy_
>>
No. 583445 ID: 2fd516

>>583438
Well, tell her if she gets punished you'll volunteer to serve her time. But y'know if this is a habit of yours maybe you should uh, try to stop doing it.
>>
No. 583446 ID: 40935b

She needs to wear something nice for a date.

As much as I'd like to suggest stupid shenaniganry like switching your antenna bangles as TOTALLY FOOLPROOF DISGUISE so nobody knows Dooriya lent out her uniform, this can pretty much be put to rest with the question 'are we more likely or less likely to be caught?'
>>
No. 583448 ID: 2fd516

>>583446
That'd be TOTALLY FOOLPROOF... except for the missing arm bit.
>>
No. 583451 ID: 9ddf68

huh, Didn't you say you were happy to see your sister finally started to see other people Dooriya? I'm surprised you already trying to shoot down a her potential relationship so soon, you haven't even got to meet your sister's yet. Is this because she yelled at Steve?

Also how's they raid party looking cause it looks like Brad is piss about something again.

and of course our paranoia check [scan all present]
>>
No. 583471 ID: d8a627

>cause it looks like Brad is pissed about something again. Doesn't he always? It looks like it involves Anna, so it's probably that she's not taking to his teachings as well as he'd like.
HEY, BRADFORD, THAT SOUND RIGHT?
>I’m not going to scrub toilets for a week just so you can have some… “bling”, sis.
Yeah... YOu might have to make your own "Ceremonial" armor. ...We can help you pass it, actually, by sending generic thoughts. She would be impressed at "Custom Ceremonial Armor," I'm sure, since it means you took the effort to make your own copy.

Wait, crap, you don't have the time to do so, do you?
>>
No. 583473 ID: 78193a

[Check pawn status]

Well, that's that, Drina. Best take this as a lesson to keep your mouth in check. However, I'm sure Tsure will be forgiving if you apologize and tell her the truth; That you got a bit too eager to please and made a promise you most likely couldn't keep. She'll be a little disappointed at first but that'll quickly fade if you endeavor to act like the handsome knight she dreams of. After all, it's actions, not trappings, that make the knight.

Okay, we got a few things to say to y'all before you head out:

Alexandra, don't worry about Jal being kicked out of the Order. Gray needs an alchemist of his caliber bad enough that the Order will take him on in a full alchemist position and forget his previous drinking infractions. She's also offered her assistance in our plan to help Jal get off the booze and work through his problems. Having her on board will really help.

Brad, Drina, Anna, we're working on a plan to turn Jal's life around and he's gonna need as many folks and friends out there as we can get watching out for and supporting him. We hope that y'all will help as us out as best you can on this. It'll be tough, but together we'll get Jal out of the deep hole he's in.

Anna, we spoke with Gray about your sentence and she basically said if you live to see the victory of the Order over the Blood God you'll be set free. So we'll do our very best to see you through to that outcome, Anna.

Brad, you're looking somewhat annoyed. Is it at anything in particular or just the general situation? And Anna, you're looking rather worried, but that's totally understandable what with this being your first mission along with everything else.

Oh, and everyone who's wearing armor: Helmets on! We were lucky neither Drina or Dooriya caught a hit to the head at the fort. We're not taking such chances this time. Now, everybody double-check your gear and lets head out!

...Actually, here's a couple things we should have asked earlier: Where did Steve find out about this cultist caravan and the time it was leaving from? We assumed it was from his future-sight but was it from elsewhere? And did anybody consider it might be a trap? Does it seem too juicy a target? Like it was made that way knowing Steve would see it. It does seem to have multiple targets the Order would consider important all in one caravan.

>>583448
Even if Dooriya wasn't missing an arm there'd still be the problem of going out in public disguised as her. Dooriya would definitely not like the questions arising from folks seeing someone that appears to be her having a romantic dinner with Tsure.
>>
No. 583481 ID: 2fd516

Well if it's any consolation you DID tell her earlier in the conversation that you weren't high enough rank to have ceremonial armor.
>>
No. 583522 ID: 65a774
File 140493013015.png - (18.95KB , 900x450 , 45.png )
583522

>[Check pawn status]
[“The Savage” Status: Annoyed. “The hunter” Status: Depressed. “The priest” Status: Annoyed. “The Alchemist” Status: Drunk, sleeping. “Sister of Wisdom” Status: Concerned. “Sister of Power” Status: Annoyed. “The Valkyrie” Status: Depressed, worried.]
>[Scan all present]
[Neutral Creature (Friendly): Order Guard.] x 6
[Neutral Creature (Friendly): Order Ranger.]
[Neutral Creature (Friendly): Order Priest.]
[Neutral Creature (Friendly): Order Sergeant.]
[“The Knight of Spades” belongs to player gray.]

>Alexandra, don't worry about Jal being kicked out of the Order. Gray needs an alchemist of his caliber bad enough that the Order will take him on in a full alchemist position and forget his previous drinking infractions.
:AlexUNB: (I hope so. If anything, alchemists are hard to come by…)
>She's also offered her assistance in our plan to help Jal get off the booze and work through his problems.
:AlexUNB: (That explains the guard that came to watch over his drunken abdomen… and why some guards were repairing the floor in his room… of course, they were copying his notes too so I guess it’s a two way street?)
>Brad, Drina, Anna, we're working on a plan to turn Jal's life around and he's gonna need as many folks and friends out there as we can get watching out for and supporting him. We hope that y'all will help as us out as best you can on this.
:DrinaUNB: (Ugh… I guess I’ll help? I mean… he’s a good asset to the order…)
:AnnaUNB: (…well… I guess I can try?)
:BradfordUNB: (More children to watch over… great…)

>Anna, we spoke with Gray about your sentence and she basically said if you live to see the victory of the Order over the Blood God you'll be set free.
:AnnaUNB: (That’s good… um… of course, if we don’t win we’ll die so… it’s basically die or be free?)
>Brad, you're looking somewhat annoyed. Is it at anything in particular or just the general situation?
:AnnaUNB: Oh, uncle morose over there is always peeved about something.
:BradfordUNB: I’m standing right here…
:AnnaUNB: But you aren’t disagreeing with me, are you?
:BradfordUNB:
:AnnaUNB: See, even he knows it’s true! …maybe that’s why he’s so peeved all the time… heh…
:BradfordUNB: …you’re suddenly very cheerful…
:AnnaUNB: Hey, getting a smirk out of the grump beast would make anyone a bit cherry.

>Huh, Didn't you say you were happy to see your sister finally started to see other people Dooriya?
:DooriyaUNB: Well, yes… but… um… I rather not lose my job so she can try to amaze her with lies…
>I'm surprised you already trying to shoot down a her potential relationship so soon, you haven't even got to meet your sister's yet.
:DooriyaUNB: What!? No! Of course I’m not trying to shoot down her relationship! All I’m saying that she would be better off if she learned a bit of a lesson.
>She needs to wear something nice for a date.
:DooriyaUNB: She got a nice dress already.
:DrinaUNB: But I need a nice armor, not a dress!
:AndrzejUNB: Well, better go out there and earn two promotions before tonight then, eh?
>Well, tell her if she gets punished you'll volunteer to serve her time.
:DooriyaUNB: First off, we’d both get in trouble. Second, I’m your superior officer. If they find out I’ve been ordering you to do my punishment they’ll probably demote me!
:AndrzejUNB: Actually, you would be brought before a court and might be facing prison time for that.
:DooriyaUNB: …well, that’s even worse!
>As much as I'd like to suggest stupid shenaniganry like switching your antenna bangles as TOTALLY FOOLPROOF DISGUISE so nobody knows Dooriya lent out her uniform…
:DrinaUNB: What!? Are you guys speciest or something!? We look nothing alike!
:DooriyaUNB: Well, they have told us they got bad eyesight, sis…
:DrinaUNB: Well… we don’t look the same. She’s taller than me… and wider…
:DooriyaUNB: …did you just call me fat?
:DrinaUNB: I said I was more fit then you! You can’t deny that!
:AndrzejUNB: Well, Dooriya got longer, leaner legs… and bigger mandibles…
:DrinaUNB: I think they get it.
:AndrzejUNB: …and a nicer curve on her antennas.
:DrinaUNB: I said that’s enough!
>Yeah... You might have to make your own "Ceremonial" armor.
:DrinaUNB: How… I… how should I even… I’m no metal smith, dammit!
>Well, that's that, Drina. Best take this as a lesson to keep your mouth in check. However, I'm sure Tsure will be forgiving if you apologize and tell her the truth; That you got a bit too eager to please and made a promise you most likely couldn't keep.
:DrinaUNB: *sigh*…I guess I have to take the arrow for this one…

>Where did Steve find out about this cultist caravan and the time it was leaving from? We assumed it was from his future-sight but was it from elsewhere?
:DooriyaUNB: Both that he’s experience this before, but he also got scouts and spies that reported this to him.
>And did anybody consider it might be a trap? Does it seem too juicy a target?
:DooriyaUNB: Um… it should be…
:AndrzejUNB: The enemy is trying to get as much cargo up to the mountain as they can. Their plan to get up there is to push with sheer numbers. There are twelve caravans with four carriers each going up there in one hour and we’re planning to hit four of them before they get there. Our group will be hitting one that will be moving in almost exactly right north of the city. Of course, the enemy knows we will attack them and so be prepared to meet resistance.
>Oh, and everyone who's wearing armor: Helmets on!
:DooriyaUNB: That’s includes you, Brad.
:BradfordUNB: …I’m not wearing a helmet.
:DrinaUNB: I command you to wear a helmet!
:BradfordUNB: …”yes, ma’am”… *grumble* stupid helmet hair…
>>
No. 583523 ID: 65a774
File 140493015933.png - (12.43KB , 900x450 , 46.png )
583523

>Now, everybody double-check your gear and lets head out!
:AndrzejUNB: Actually, Lt. Dooriya, Sgt. Drina and Sgt. Duran still has some planning to do…
:PaladinUNB: Oh, great voices of light, guide us so we can achieve victory!
:AndrzejUNB: Err… thank you, Sgt. Duran… that was… either way, here’s the situation... if you’ll have the honor, Lt…
:DooriyaUNB: Right. Here is the general area of which the ambush will take place. The caravan needs to pass one of passages marked with a red X. It will be arriving from somewhere to the south, south west and we need to stop it before it gets beyond the passages or we might lose it.
:AndrzejUNB: There’s a chance there might already be enemy troops stationed in the area, as this is a bottleneck after all… now… any suggestions for a plan of attack?

Current Forces:
Order Swordsmen x 3 (Including Anna)
Order Paladin x 2 (Including Drina)
Order Crossbow men x 3
Order Rangers(Bows) x 2 (Including Vladimir)
Order Inquisitor (Dooriya)
Windwalker (Bradford)
Healer x 2 (Including Alexandra)

Equipment is still customizable.

Insert Time for a plan_
>>
No. 583527 ID: 2fd516

>>583523
Hmm, this is a lot of ground to cover.

Everyone move as a group towards the middle, have Vlad climb a tree so he can spot the precise location of the caravan and what direction it's going. Split the group evenly into two halves while leaving a couple of swordsmen behind to guard Vlad. Have one half move to the eastern hill and one half move to the western hill. Archers should set up on the high ground, and our army should generally clean up any enemy forces present.

We'll stay with Vlad. Once the caravan shows up and we know where it's going, we'll send Vlad's group to collect the half of our army that isn't in the right spot. They'll be reinforcements.
>>
No. 583529 ID: 40935b

>We look nothing alike!
Hence stupid shenaniganry. And you two are totally the same height! We might not be able to compare 'width' and leanness under all your armor, but you still look pretty similar!
>Are you guys speciest or something!?
I'll be sure to check my indeterminately gendered ethereal teal invertebrate privilege at my earliest possible convenience.

>any suggestions for a plan of attack?
Is it possible to destroy any of the passages? what's the range on those crossbows? what does a paladin or inquisitor have over a swordsman? Why can't we just occupy and fortify the passages?

In any case, clear the area out- there may be troops in the wooded area or at the top of the northwest hill. They will most likely take the easternmost or central passage- the western passage would involve crossing uncovered ground like a hundred meters from likely enemy occupied high ground, which is a terrible plan.
>>
No. 583540 ID: 2fd516

>>583522
>Are you guys speciest or something!?
Well, to us, humans and Vildmen all look alike too aside from hairstyle, hair color, skin color, and eye color. Lizards all look alike aside from markings, eye color, and horns. Mantises are harder than any other species for us to differentiate though- antennae direction and claw stance are the the only non-clothing differences we can make out.
>>
No. 583549 ID: 78193a

Okay, since we don't know which pass the caravan is going for I'm thinking splitting into two groups. One group to cover the west and middle pass, and the other to cover the east pass.

Brad, Anna, Dooriya, and Alexandra along with a paladin and crossbowman will take the west group positioned in the tree line on the approach to the west pass. Drina, Vlad and the remaining forces will position in the trees in front of the east pass. Vlad and the other ranger will get up the trees with the best vantage points of the approaches and watch for the caravan. Once we have an idea which pass it's going for whichever group is in its way will hold them off until the other group reinforces them. Of course these are tentative groups and positions so if you see anything wrong with them please pipe up.

We got any idea how fast these caravan carriers will be going? We talkin' spider-drawn sled speed, faster, or much faster?

Perhaps we could fake out the enemy on the approaches to the west and east passes. Do we have any bomb casings or anything that looks like an explosive or a landmine? Something that looks like it'd explode when the caravan runs over it. If we do we could bury them in the snow in a pattern that the caravan can't get around and make sure they have real obvious mounds so show they're there, the caravan will likely stop to send in undead to dig them out.

Bring along multiple ropes to anchor near the north end of those two steep slopes between the middle and east passes. That'll allow our forces moving from the east pass to the west to slide down them and avoid going all the way around, and it might be faster for our troops moving east than going around.

Do we have any colored fireworks? I'm thinking that we could have one color for each pass and whoever spots which pass the caravan is going for will fire off the matching color to alert everyone to which it is.

How dense are the trees in front of the middle and eastern pass? 'Cause I'm thinking that we could use heavy ropes tied between the trees to make obstacles for the carriers to block and funnel them where we want them. Chopping down trees would also help, but it'd probably take too long. Though, we have seen Brad Windwalker a tree down with a throwing axe, so perhaps he could take down a few without exhausting himself.

How many grenades did Jal make? We know there's two big bombs, but from our angle at Sten's we could only see four explosives total. I'm assuming there's more than just two grenades.

How's the snowpack above the passes? Could we plug up one with an avalanche by detonating a big bomb in the right spot? What about loose dirt or weak rock over the passes? Could we cause a rockslide to block a pass? If we could take out even one pass that'd allow us to really tighten up our forces over the remaining ones.

Be on the lookout for undead buried under the snow. The enemy has known their caravan would be heading this way for days or weeks now, so that means they've had enough time to hide groups of undead out there to pop up against our forces. And if there are any out there, they'll most likely be along the route the caravan would be taking. And what capabilities, if any, do we have to detect undead at range?

What do we know about the long-range communication capabilities of the cultists? 'Cause if they have a way for scouts watching over these passes to talk back to the approaching caravan it's going to make things tougher for us.
>>
No. 583554 ID: d8a627

> Lizards all look alike aside from markings, eye color, and horns
You forgot about the tail base. That looks different to us, doesn't it? ...I actually cannot remember.
>Mantises are harder than any other species for us to differentiate though- antennae direction and claw stance are the the only non-clothing differences we can make out.
There's also that female Mantises are the biggest damn thing ever, slightly taller than vildmen, even.
>>
No. 583555 ID: 2fd516

>>583554
I was ignoring gender differences. For humans it's tits and body shape, for lizards it's tailbase body shape and markings, for vildmen it's ???, for mantises it's height and... abdomen size I think.
>>
No. 583583 ID: 9ddf68

don't like the idea of splitting the group up when these cultist guys like ambushing so much. Could we maybe cut down trees to make it impossible for the caravan to pass all the routes but one and just attack them there? I mean with three branching paths and only 14 troops I wouldn't trust anything more then two 7 man groups, anything smaller then that could easily be overwhelmed if surrounded.

Also make sure to leave either the swordsmen or the paladins back with the archers and crossbowmen just incase the enemy manages to get behind us. They're not meant for fighting up close and if one of those corrupted things that took Dooriya's arm I don't like they chances of coming out of that unscathed or god forbid a deathknight([?] I think that's what they were called)
>>
No. 583602 ID: 24f789
File 140498014549.png - (167.25KB , 900x450 , westentaschenarminius.png )
583602

Ok, lets imagine, if we would want bring through a caravan, the three purple lines would be the 3 Ways to do it. They will either avoid Forests as much as possible or try to sneak through one the whole time.

The purple spots would be where i would place the lookouts to spot and counter ambushes.

we also sould expect that the enemy will know about us as soon as we get rid of the lookouts.
Perhaps we can use that to our advantage.
>>
No. 583664 ID: 78193a
File 140501275858.png - (15.19KB , 900x450 , Positions.png )
583664

>>583549
Okay, got some minor changes to my plan. Dooriya's group (the west one) will contain Dooriya, Bradford, Anna, a paladin, crossbowman, ranger, and healer. Drina's group (the east one) will contain Drina, Vlad, Alexandra, two swordsmen, and two crossbowmen. My thinking is that the more open approach to the east will be better for the ranged attacks of Vlad and the crossbowmen, while the more forested west is better for Brad's close combat.

I'm worried that if the enemy sees we've left the high ground over the west pass open will detour the caravan to drop their ranged units to take it and cover the caravan as it heads for the west pass. However, I think that Brad could Windwalker pitch a grenade or two from the treeline into the midst of the enemy's ranged units if they do that. Better give Brad at least one grenade for this.

Also leave the ropes up after anchoring them, ready to be dropped down the slope. We don't want to give the enemy a easy way to get behind Drina's group by climbing up them. If Dooriya's group has to come from the west to reinforce Drina's group it won't matter that they can't use the ropes 'cause going around the ends of the slopes will put them behind the enemy caravan, which is where we want them.

Are we going to have to worry in any way about enemy forces coming back down the passes to reinforce the caravan?
>>
No. 583674 ID: 65a774
File 140501565405.png - (35.58KB , 900x450 , 47.png )
583674

>I'll be sure to check my indeterminately gendered ethereal teal invertebrate privilege at my earliest possible convenience.
:DrinaUNB: Geez… sorry I yelled at you…
>How many grenades did Jal make?
:DooriyaUNB: Ten grenades and two bombs.
>How's the snowpack above the passes? What about loose dirt or weak rock over the passes?
:AndrzejUNB: We’ve got no information about that, sorry.
>What do we know about the long-range communication capabilities of the cultists?
:AndrzejUNB: They got the same tech as us. So expect some kind of communication with either light or some kind of bird.
>We also should expect that the enemy will know about us as soon as we get rid of the lookouts.
:DooriyaUNB: They are bound to have some way to hail the caravan when it comes… but before that…

>We got any idea how fast these caravan carriers will be going? We talkin' spider-drawn sled speed, faster, or much faster?
:AndrzejUNB: They will be rather heavy thanks to their load. Especially if they are filled with soldiers, so expect them to take it slow and easy, at least at first.
:PaladinUNB: It’s possible if they have something really important with them to have one carrier filled with nothing to enable it to speed away on its own in case of an attack.
>Do we have any bomb casings or anything that looks like an explosive or a landmine? Something that looks like it'd explode when the caravan runs over it. The caravan will likely stop to send in undead to dig them out.
:DooriyaUNB: Dig them out? They will probably just send them out to make everything go boom. But, yes, we do have some metal casing that would be able to make that bluff.
>Bring along multiple ropes to anchor near the north end of those two steep slopes between the middle and east passes.
:DrinaUNB: Great idea! Let’s bring some extra rope!
>How dense are the trees in front of the middle and eastern pass? 'Cause I'm thinking that we could use heavy ropes tied between the trees to make obstacles for the carriers to block and funnel them where we want them.
:AndrzejUNB: Hmm… that would be possible, if time consuming…
>Do we have any colored fireworks? I'm thinking that we could have one color for each pass and whoever spots which pass the caravan is going for will fire off the matching color to alert everyone to which it is.
:DooriyaUNB: We do have some flares with us. I’ll grab some of different colors.

>They will either avoid Forests as much as possible or try to sneak through one the whole time.
:DooriyaUNB: Yes, they will be slowed down if they go through the woods but it will ensure they aren’t in the open… there would be no point to just shift needlessly between the woods and the open fields…
>Is it possible to destroy any of the passages?
:AndrzejUNB: Not really, no…
>What does a paladin or inquisitor have over a swordsman?
:DrinaUNB: Magic, baby! …oh, and experience!
>Why can't we just occupy and fortify the passages?
:AndrzejUNB: If you want to spread out our numbers, sure, it’s possible.
>Could we maybe cut down trees to make it impossible for the caravan to pass all the routes but one and just attack them there?
:AndrzejUNB: I’m pretty sure we can’t block any of the passages completely with the time we have. We can make it harder for them to pass, though.
>Also make sure to leave either the swordsmen or the paladins back with the archers and crossbowmen just incase the enemy manages to get behind us.
:DooriyaUNB: Of course, that’s basic leadership right there.



>Everyone move as a group towards the middle, have Vlad climb a tree so he can spot the precise location of the caravan and what direction it's going.
:VladUNB: …I can’t see a caravan anywhere…
:DrinaUNB: Of course not, it’s probably not going to be here for another half an hour at least.
>There may be troops in the wooded area or at the top of the northwest hill.
:VladUNB: I can see a lot of moment… um… as in, the trees are moving in the forest between eastern pass and the central one… Oh! Wait! I saw… there was a blinking ligh- there’s another one! There was a light that blinked trice on top of the large hill at the western pass and right after there was a light that blinked four times right at the eastern pass.
:UnknownKAK: I think I know what’s making the trees move, Ma’am… Yetis uses the trees near their lairs to sharped their claws… there’s probably a whole pack of them living there.
:AnnaUNB: Wait… Yetis? As in… err… man eating, easily enraged yetis!?
:DooriyaUNB: Hmm… interesting…
:PaladinUNB: What is your orders, ma’am?

Insert No Mercy, No survivors, Final destination, Fox only_
>>
No. 583676 ID: d8a627

Wait a minute.. I see a human ranger up in that tree, but I don't see Vlad. Either Vlad is leagues ahead of the other rangers, or there's something wrong here.
>Yetis uses the trees near their lairs to sharped their claws… there’s probably a whole pack of them living there.
Aw man, I wish we had something near them so I could see if they were pawns. That would be awesome.
>>
No. 583680 ID: 70bda3

>I don't see Vlad
Isn't that a good thing? Also what if they are undead yetis, that would suck.
>>
No. 583681 ID: 2fd516

>>583674
So... the enemy has taken the high ground.

Is there any way we can enrage the yetis so that they attack the enemy to the east? Then if the eastern enemy camp asks for reinforcements we can ambush them as they travel through the forest. Afterwards we can clean up the western enemy camp and the area will be secure.
>>
No. 583689 ID: 40935b

Is it possible to bait the Yetis to move without getting ourselves killed? We could use them to either block the central passage or take out cultists at the eastern passage. We shouldn't use them as a weapon against the caravan, though, or those hostages will be toast.

Okay, the enemy is located at the top of the large hill and right on top of the eastern pass. Get the yetis to attack the eastern camp. Hopefully some delicious cultist will keep them in the area for a while. If we're confident that we can take the hill, do it. Otherwise, take up a position in the woods between the central and western passes. Keep watch for which direction the caravan is coming from.

On the hill:
3 crossbowmen
1 healer
In the forest:
2 rangers
1 inquisitor
1 Windwalker
1 healer

I'm not sure how the paladins and swordsmen should be distributed between protecting the crossbowmen on the hill and actively attacking the caravan, or where Anna plays into that equation- she needs combat experience without being overwhelmed or left out. If we can't take the hill, just mass our forces in the forest. Oh, and distribute the grenades evenly among groups and put one bomb in front of each passage- or a little ways into the passage, if it will stop them dead in an area where they'll be boxed in.
>>
No. 583691 ID: 9ddf68

anyone know of a way to piss the yetis off? or at least make them hang around a passage so they can cover it for us? cause the only way I can think of to lure them out towards the cultist or to a point so they can guard a pass for us (other then having one of our guys run around) is to maybe use any meat we may have and just spread it around where we want them to go and maybe have a trail leading towards the yeti so they can follow it. and if they yetis are between the middle and the eastern passage might as well send them east. Hell we might get lucky and the guys one the west side may run through our ambush here and we can take them out while they try to help the eastern guys.
>>
No. 583699 ID: 65a774
File 140502895980.png - (23.96KB , 900x450 , 48.png )
583699

>Wait a minute… I see a human ranger up in that tree, but I don't see Vlad.
:VladUNB: (Huh? I’m right here… in the tallest tree? Almost at the top?)
>What if they are undead yetis, that would suck.
:DooriyaUNB: If they were undead they wouldn’t be sharpening their claws, they would be mindless.
>Aw man, I wish we had something near them so I could see if they were pawns.
:AnnaUNB: We’re not getting a Yeti pet! Those things are dangerous!!

>Is there any way we can enrage the yetis so that they attack the enemy to the east?
:UnknownKAK: Well, going by their claw sharpening then they are preparing to hunt… if they are preparing to hunt they are probably hungry so…
>Maybe use any meat we may have and just spread it around where we want them to go and maybe have a trail leading towards the yeti so they can follow it.
:UnknownKAK: With a bit of meat I can lead them to the cultist… but… um… if they see the cultist as too much of a threat then they won’t attack so…
:DooriyaUNB: It doesn’t really matter anyway, we don’t have any meat. The only thing we got is those order rations.
:BradfordUNB: I got raw meat with me.
:DrinaUNB: …wait, why do you-
:BradfordUNB: Because those rations taste like yeti droppings.
:DooriyaUNB: *Sigh* Brad, please, don’t bring raw meat with you out into the yeti infested wilderness… and put on your helmet! Same thing with you Anna!
:AnnaUNB: You’re not wearing your helmet either.
:DooriyaUNB: I… err… I needed to hear the rangers so… yes, helmets on, everyone.
>Hopefully some delicious cultist will keep them in the area for a while.
:UnknownKAK: Well, actually they’ll drag their prey back to their den to feast on. If anything, if they succeed at killing off those cultist at the east passage it will probably remove the yetis from the equation completely… unless we go into their den, of course… but that would be stupid…
:DooriyaUNB: Then you’re mission is to take Brads hard meat and use it to lure those hairy, giant beast into those cultist backsides.
:DrinaUNB: That sounded very wrong..
:DooriyaUNB: Oh, and try to make sure there actually are cultist over there and not say… um… actually, I can’t even imagine who would be out here that isn’t someone that we should murder the shit out of…

>If we're confident that we can take the hill, do it.
:DooriyaUNB: I need a team to ambush that hill before we move the crossbows up there… let’s see… Vladimir is an obvious choice… Sgt. Duran, pick three people from your squad you know can sneak up there… and… Bradford.
:DrinaUNB: …um… Bradford isn’t exactly subtle.
:DooriyaUNB: But his damn quiet. Have you ever heard him actually walk around? It’s almost like he doesn’t actually touch the ground! Just keep your head down and It will be fine, Brad… hmm… and Anna, she can be the rear guard.
:AnnaUNB: You can count on me!
>On the hill: 3 crossbowmen, 1 healer. In the forest: 2 rangers, 1 inquisitor, 1 Windwalker, 1 healer.
:DrinaUNB: We should place at least two melees up there...
>I don’t know where Anna plays into that equation- she needs combat experience without being overwhelmed or left out.
:DooriyaUNB: I should place her with the crossbowmen. She will probably still see some action there. Either way, lure those yetis away and take that hill, people! Move it!
:DrinaUNB: …wait, what are we su-
:DooriyaUNB: None of those lookouts can spot the central passage way. We’ll check so there isn’t a third lookout there and “booby trap” it while we are at it.



:CultistUNB: …so… how long are we supposed to sit here and freeze our asses off?
:CultistUNB: The caravan is coming in about half an hour… you remember the code, right?
:CultistUNB: Yes, we blink three, they blink two, we blink four… easy…
:CultistUNB: Good…
:CultistUNB: …so… I think I saw a yeti on the other side of the meadow… can’t we try out the ballista on one of those… just to make sure it works?
:CultistUNB: Absolutely not.
:BradfordUNB: *Grumble* Stupid helmet…
:PaladinUNB: Shh…
:CultistUNB: Did you hear something?
:CultistUNB: Eh, probably just the wind…
:CultistUNB: Probably just the wind? It’s always just the wind or a rat to you!
:CultistUNB: Well, so far I’ve been right… I mean, what are the chances that Ragnar the slaughterer would be sitting in the bush behind us right now?
:CultistUNB: Eh, maybe you’re right…

Insert Helmets, the bane of all heroes!_
>>
No. 583707 ID: dbe554

Man those poor fools just talked themselves into an early grave. I'm pretty sure nature itself would find a way to send a murderbear against them.

Anyways, stealthy strike, we now know their signals, timing, and we could easily replicate it to hide our forces.
>>
No. 583708 ID: d8a627

>in the tallest tree? Almost at the top?
That would explain it. While we can see horizontal and vertical directions, we lack depth and the ability to actually look upwards. To see you, we would have to be focusing solely on you, not the entire group. Man, why can't we aim our view up and down? I mean, we are floating squids, I'd think it would be possible...
>We’re not getting a Yeti pet! Those things are dangerous!!
...Pet? They're not sapient? Are they even sentient, then? Because it's not worth having a pet who's not sentient, and anything sapient cannot be a pet.
>I… err… I needed to hear the rangers so… yes, helmets on, everyone
I figured you just had them off for a short bit while discussing plans further, glad to know that's (mostly) the case.
>Anna, she can be the rear guard.
>You can count on me!
Glad to see you're taking it seriously. Any ambush would originate from the back, after all, though any ambush would also be small enough that you aren't necessarily in danger... Unless you remain unfocused, of course. Stay focused, okay?
>*Grumble* Stupid helmet…
Hey, at least it's a skull-cap, and not a full helm. Your beard is spared.
>I think I saw a yeti on the other side of the meadow… can’t we try out the ballista on one of those… just to make sure it works?
New objective, test that ballista on a Yeti.
Say, what's the white thing? Is that just a small wall to hide the ballista?
[Scan Cultists, echo to The Savage] If these folk aren't corrupt, try bashing them into unconsciousness or something. They might be in a similar boat to the bandits we encountered before--allied with, but not a part of the cultists. Of course, if they're demonic or corrupted, no mercy.
There's one just to your right, Bradford, and then there's the Mantis right behind the tree and a lizard right infront of him.

...Hey, I think I can recognize mantis genders now! Unless that's a really short female, in which case nope.
>>
No. 583709 ID: cae5f0

[scan corruption levels]
Better keeping an eye on this, so we know when we and our pawns should stop trusting us.

Also, this looks like the male mantis we're looking for.
[scan cultists]
>>
No. 583710 ID: 40935b

>We’re not getting a Yeti pet! Those things are dangerous!!
YOU'RE NOT MY MOM!
We'll take him home and feed him and care for him and name him Pete, and we'll give him a big shirt with a sun on it so he can smash cultists with the rest of the order and it'll be awesome!

Only three people? This shouldn't be so difficult- Take out the human quietly and pull the body into the bushes- if nobody else shows up, demonstrate the meaning of 'overwhelming force' on one cultist and take the other hostage.

>ballista
Now it's a party. Make sure these are the only people here- artillery crews tend to be large.
>>
No. 583715 ID: 78193a

Hehehe. Thank heavens for chatty cultists. Those loose lips just gave us the means to put the caravan right where we want it. And a ballista too? Oh, it's like Christma- Uh... It's like whatever-the-local-gift-giving-holiday-is morning. Only way it could be more so is if they gift wrapped it for us.

Okay, in addition to the three obvious cultists I spy two in the trees; One in the branches right above the two at the top of the slope and one in the branches above about a meter ahead of Brad. Brad or Vlad, silently inform the other troops of this with hand gestures; Point two fingers at your eyes, then point to the positions of the two cultists. There may be more cultists farther up the trees so give them a good look over before advancing.

Unless that mantis is taller than I think, it looks like we have an opportunity to complete the "capture male mantis cultist" objective right here. Vlad, do you have a line on the back of the head of the lizard lady cultist standing at the top of the slope? 'Cause if you do I'm thinking you could dip an air arrow into the knockout poison, shoot it into the back of her head and the poison would be aerosolized and blown into the mantis' face. She might also inhale it, which would knock out two for one. But if you don't have a line on her then we'll try to get the mantis to turn around by biting his abdomen so you can land a coated water arrow in his face mask. Also, everyone should know to avoid harming the mantis guy; Go for a non-lethal takedown if the poison doesn't knock him down right away.

Order of attack is Vlad and any crossbowmen make the opening shots, then Brad immediately puts a throwing axe through the guy ahead of and above him, following through to clobbering the guy next to the bush he's in. He'll hurl the body at whoever is left.

Once you've secured the hill make sure to anchor ropes at the north ends of the slopes as a secondary way for our forces to get down. We'll need them if they have to quickly reposition for some reason or if the enemy sends more forces than our troops can hold off up here.

>But his damn quiet. Have you ever heard him actually walk around? It’s almost like he doesn’t actually touch the ground!
Brad, is this a passive Windwalker ability or something? Hmmm... I wonder... We'll have to check if he actually does touch the ground when he walks. Later, of course.

>Stupid helmet…
Hey, just 'cause you survived a knife to the eye and brain which then regenerated doesn't mean you can just walk into combat without head protection. If you get your noggin' knocked in then even if you live and it'll grow back that'll put you out of the fight for a good while. And if you aren't as tough as you think and you do die then we're fucked; You are our king, after all. So quit your griping.
>>
No. 583721 ID: 2fd516

Is that a male mantis? Maybe we could take it hostage.
>>
No. 583742 ID: 9ddf68

huh, anyone think we can take the cultist's toys and use them against them? or is that to much trouble? either way some guys are hiding in the trees and the three in the open need to go down. Also what the hell is that box thing there by the two cultist up front?
>>
No. 583798 ID: 65a774
File 140510786868.png - (24.64KB , 900x450 , 49.png )
583798

>[Scan Cultists, echo to The Savage]
[Demonic Creature: Cultist.]
>[scan corruption levels]
[1% and rising slowly.]

>Brad, is this a passive Windwalker ability or something?
:VladUNB: (As far as I’ve seen he touch the ground but… he’s like a feather… I mean, I’ve seen him when he walks over some deep snow. The rest of us have to plow through it while he can stand on it like it was nothing.)
>huh, anyone think we can take the cultist's toys and use them against them? or is that too much trouble?
:BradfordUNB: (If we got someone that can actually use a ballista then I can’t see why not.)
>New objective, test that ballista on a Yeti.
:BradfordUNB: (Better yet, test the ballista on some cultists. Preferable a female mantis… they always make the best splatter when you crush them.)
>Say, what's the white thing? Is that just a small wall to hide the ballista?
:BradfordUNB: (It’s some kind of cloth hanging on a wooden frame… I’m guessing the ballista is under it, yes.)

>Is that a male mantis? Maybe we could take it hostage.
:VladUNB: (I’m already preparing a knockout arrow.)
>Man those poor fools just talked themselves into an early grave. I'm pretty sure nature itself would find a way to send a murderbear against them.
:AnnaUNB: (Or worse, yetis…)
>YOU'RE NOT MY MOM!
:AnnaUNB: (Hey! I rather not end up as yeti poop at the end of the day, alright?)
>...Pet? They're not sapient? Are they even sentient, then?
:AnnaUNB: (Well, they are kind of intelligent but… um… imagine a bear… a bear that’s intelligent enough to lay traps and ambushes that got a craving for succulent human flesh like it was addicted… add that they are intelligent enough to find some kind of morbid joy in flaying people alive… that’s a yeti… oh, and don’t forget the huge claws, the teeth and their speed and agility and you got a murder machine that can outrun a spider… *shudder*)

>Okay, in addition to the three obvious cultists I spy two in the trees; One in the branches right above the two at the top of the slope and one in the branches above about a meter ahead of Brad.
:VladUNB: (Got it… the sergeant is signaling for crossbows against them.)
>I'm thinking you could dip an air arrow into the knockout poison, shoot it into the back of her head and the poison would be aerosolized and blown into the mantis' face.
:VladUNB: (I think I can pull that off, yeah…)
>Order of attack is Vlad and any crossbowmen make the opening shots, then Brad immediately-
:BradfordUNB: Enough talk! YAAARHH!!!
:CultistUNB: Oh, shit, was that a troll- *Urgh!!*



:PaladinUNB: The hill is secure.
:AnnaUNB: I got one!!
:VladUNB: …looks like the eastern camp is signaling rather desperately… no, wait… they stopped again…
:BradfordUNB: So, that’s it?
:VladUNB: Well, we did capture both a male mantis and the hill so…
:PaladinUNB: We also managed to paint the whole hill red…

Insert Painting the town red_
>>
No. 583801 ID: 9ddf68

oh...oohhhhh. Uh just how noticeable is a red hill to the other camp of cultist we know about? because if they were signaling like crazy they probably saw the hill turn red and are signaling to see if the guys we just took out are ok. If not try to throw white snow over the red snow to hide the hill again.
>>
No. 583805 ID: dbe554

Well it is snowing, pile the white over the red?
>>
No. 583810 ID: 2fd516

>>583798
You'll want to clean up most of that red. Then we use the mirror flash thing to lull the caravan into a false sense of security. Once it's in the right spot we ambush it as planned. Let's use the ballistas to help! We could even load the ballista with one of those bombs.

Make sure that captured mantis is secured somewhere where they can't screw anything up for us.

Anna, why don't you try copying Bradford's lightstep technique?
>>
No. 583814 ID: 40935b

GO DEEP, BITCHES!

I'll bet the desperate signaling was some yetis having lunch. Tie that cultist up and see if he'll wake up- we could use any information we can get out of him. Otherwise, keep watch for which direction the caravan is coming from. Should we inform Dooriya of your success and recent findings?

What are they using to signal each other, anyway? Mirrors?
>>
No. 583815 ID: d8a627

>>583814
>Tie that cultist up and see if he'll wake up
Uh, try and put a holy symbol on him or something, though. He's corrupted by daemonic influence like any other cultist, and I'd rather take stepts to at least try and avoid his corruption spreading. And who knows, maybe it'll slowly purify him.
>>
No. 583816 ID: 65a774
File 140511567695.png - (25.53KB , 900x450 , 50.png )
583816

>Well it is snowing, pile the white over the red?
:AnnaUNB: Um… well, it is kind of working…
>oh...oohhhhh. Uh just how noticeable is a red hill to the other camp of cultist we know about?
:VladUNB: Oh, I would say it’s perfectly noticeable from that distance.
:AnnaUNB: How can you tell?
:VladUNB: Because the hill the other camp is supposed to be on is also red.
:BradfordUNB: Ah, the yetis has already done their duty, then.

>Make sure that captured mantis is secured somewhere where they can't screw anything up for us.
:PaladinUNB: Don’t worry, we’ll tie him up and put him somewhere safe.
>Anna, why don't you try copying Bradford's lightstep technique?
:AnnaUNB: What? How? I have no idea how he’s… how are you even-
:BradfordUNB: I just do?
:AnnaUNB: …well, that was super helpful, Tart.
:BradfordUNB: …Tart?
>Let's use the ballista’s to help! We could even load the ballista with one of those bombs.
:PaladinUNB: I don’t know if that would be possible… and… um… isn’t there going to be people we’re supposed to save on that caravan?
> What are they using to signal each other, anyway? Mirrors?
:VladUNB: Actually, they got a small lantern…

>We use the mirror flash thing to lull the caravan into a false sense of security.
:BradfordUNB: Right, we still got some time to prepare. Anna, random order swordsman dude, stay here will we go get the crossbowmen-
:VladUNB: Err… guys… I just spotted the caravan coming…
:PaladinUNB: What!? But… it’s way too early! We haven’t prepared yet!
:BradfordUNB: Either way, we need to signal the others. I’ll go enlighten a flare where the caravan won’t spot it… let’s see… yellow was for the western passage…
:VladUNB: That’s odd… there’s only two carts?
:AnnaUNB: Um… green was the eastern passage, right?
:PaladinUNB: Yes, and red was for the middle… um… why?
:AnnaUNB: Because I can see a green flare going off… and there’s a red one!
:PaladinUNB: What!? But… that’s… they are going through all of the passages at once!?
:VladUNB: Hmm… about five minute before they can spot us… what do we do?
:PaladinUNB: They aren’t supposed to be here yet! Something is wrong! WRONG!!

Insert But it feels so right_
>>
No. 583817 ID: d8a627

Hahah, my post got in like one second before the update
Well, hm. Go ahead and give them the signal, and just be ready to attack then once they're close enough. I'm tempted to see if we can engage multi-screen to watch all three groups, but I'm pretty sure we can only focus on one pawn at a time, otherwise our guidebook would have said.

We should probably check on another group. [switch to Sister of Power] Cavern split to all passes. Code is three lantern blinks from you, two from them, four from you.

I wonder, if we can bite people, can we jam up wagon wheels? Not something we'll be able to try until the caravan gets close, but it might be worth trying. I also wonder if Vlad's archery expertise can pass to a ballista, it would be cool if he could just shoot off the wheels of every wagon.
>>
No. 583819 ID: 2fd516

>>583816
We'll just have to cover all our bases. Whichever pass is least covered, Bradford and Anna go and reinforce. They're our heavy hitters and can also move the fastest.

Also take advantage of ranged weaponry- I imagine some of our crossbowmen can fire on more than one caravan.

...unless this is an illusion somehow? Don't fire the yellow flare. Maybe this is a feint, and the real caravan will arrive and head for whatever pass was "unguarded".
>>
No. 583820 ID: 40935b

Probably Illusions or a feint, to bait out ambushers. Try using the lantern, see if it has any effect. Vlad, keep close eyes on those caravans- make sure they're the real thing before we do anything to get ourselves noticed. Brad and Anna, you two will probably need to reinforce the others at some point, so get ready to move.
>>
No. 583821 ID: dbe554

Tart, she's calling you sour Brad.

But yes this might either be a decoy ploy, several traps, or illusionary, the problem is from this distance we can't really tell without giving ourselves away.
>>
No. 583823 ID: 78193a

Anybody got a mirror or good reflective surface? We need to do a quick illusion check before sending anybody anywhere. If you don't then I believe a cut from a blessed weapon will dispel at least wraith illusions but I don't know if it'll work on other types.

If the caravans pass the illusion check then everyone but Anna and one other swordsman should get down from here; If you can slide down the slope without breaking anything, do so. We'll switch to Dooriya and tell her to send the crossbowmen up right away. However, if you know the crossbowmen won't be able to make it back up here in time then Vlad'll have to stay behind to fire on the caravan.

Anna, you and the other swordsman check over and prep the ballista to fire, then aim it in the general direction of the pass. Keep it ready to nail any carriers that might slip through unless a better target of opportunity presents itself.

Okay, we can get the west and central passes covered, but the east is going to be a problem. There are yetis returning with their kill right in the path our forces will have to take to get there. Unfortunately the only one who could take out any in the way fast enough to get to the pass in time is Brad.

Brad, you're gonna have to make a run for the east pass. You'll likely have to hold off the caravan by yourself or with only the ranger supporting you if he's still over there. We'll tell Dooriya to have someone wait at the south end of the middle slope-line to hand off a big bomb and a couple grenades to you as you pass by.

>…Tart?
...What? Anna, why are you calling Brad a pastry?
>>
No. 583879 ID: 9ddf68

huh, do we actually have anyone guarding the eastern pass our did we just leave that solely to the yetis? Either way you said they're is supposed to be more then two wagons right? they probably split the caravan up so that way if it was ambushed at one pass it could at least some of the shipment could slip through somewhere else. and maybe they know about the ambush the same way we know about the caravan, we're not the only people with a being from another world that can see multiple timelines at once you know.
>>
No. 583926 ID: 78193a

>>583879
Actually, the Blood God's future-sight is very limited 'cause he's in a flawed Harvester body same as The Human in Green and The Woman in Green. He might have gotten a bit of intel on this from his daemon allies but he likely got the vast majority of it from his own scouts and spies. Or this might not be related to any intel he got and his plan from the start was to make a last minute order to have the caravans leave early and split up at the passes as a precaution against any intel the Order got on the caravan operation.
>>
No. 583954 ID: 65a774
File 140519138720.png - (34.42KB , 900x450 , 51.png )
583954

>...What? Anna, why are you calling Brad a pastry?
:AnnaUNB: What? No I… um…
:BradfordUNB: I object to being called something as sweet as a pastry…
>Tart, she's calling you sour Brad.
:AnnaUNB: See, that’s what I meant! Tart as in he’s always grumpy!
:BradfordUNB: That’s better, yes…

>Try using the lantern, see if it has any effect.
:VladUNB: I blink three… they answer with two… I blink four… seems to be the real deal?
>This might either be a deco- They split the caravan. We'll just have to cover all our bases. Whichever pass is least covered, Bradford and Anna go and reinforce.
:BradfordUNB: Right, Let’s go, Anna.
:AnnaUNB: On it!
:VladUNB: …um… what was that first thing they said?
>Anybody got a mirr- Okay, we can get the west and central passes covered, but the east is going to be a problem. Brad, you're gonna have to make a run for the east pass.
:BradfordUNB: Eastern passaged it is! Try to keep up, Anna.
:VladUNB: Got a what?
:BradfordUNB: Vlad, take the flare and signal the others.
:VladUNB: Um… right…
>...unless this is an il- -t fire the yellow flare.
:VladUNB: Unless what? What’s up with your speech? It’s all di-
>Fire the yellow flare.
:VladUNB: Bu-
>FIRE THE YELLOW FLARE!
:VladUNB: Right, right, no need to yell…
>If you can slide down the slope without breaking anything, do so.
:BradfordUNB: Off we go!
:AnnaUNB: Hey! Wait up!

>[switch to Sister of Power]
:DrinaUNB: Heh, those casings almost looks like mines in the snow like that… too bad there wasn’t any cultist to kill here…
:DooriyaUNB: Be grateful that we aren’t overwhelmed. Now, we got about half an hour to-
>Cavern split to all passes.
:DooriyaUNB: …what? How can… but… There’s no way it can already be here!
:DrinaUNB: Well, crud… I guess we have to brute force it then!

Insert …wait, who keeps interu-
>>
No. 583959 ID: 2fd516

>>583954
Son of a bitch, the western passage is compromised with illusions. Our group there thinks the caravan is split and arriving early, and we can't tell them otherwise because our messages are being intercepted too somehow. It's like we're infested with a wraith again despite not having been exposed to any. Brad and Anna are on their way to the eastern passage to try to reinforce it. If you can intercept them and tell them it's a trick, that'd be great.

If at any point our speech gets all jumbled, start ignoring what we say and work on your best judgement.
>>
No. 583961 ID: 9ddf68

OH GOD FUCKING DAMN IT.

illusions are active repeat illusions are active. Check your fucking mirrors because we just got tossed from the western pass to here. Where are we anyways? because we're likely to see brad show up sometime because they're somehow fucking with our messages so Brad thinks we're telling him to run somewhere else. Oh and side note we captured a ballista on the western hill so if we can get back to them we can use that?
>>
No. 583963 ID: 40935b

Wait, stop- did you see the flares? If not, we've been compromised by a wraith. again.

Dammnit, how did we fix this last time? I think bob did it and told us to use the spear to draw your own blood, but could an ordinary holy weapon work?

[summon spear][show corruption levels] If that doesn't work, you'll have to draw a small amount of blood with a holy weapon to try and dispel the wraith. Dammit, why do we keep forgetting they have illusions?!?
>>
No. 583965 ID: 78193a

Goddamn it! Ignore that! The caravan isn't coming nor has it split! We and the forces up the hill got conned by a goddamn illusion! [Check corruption level] [Check pawn status]

Enact counter-illusion protocol; Mirrors out, apply cuts from blessed weapons. If our speech shifts, breaks or distorts in any way then assume an illusion is in effect, ignore it and use your best judgement. If you think it'd help then alert the rest of the troops that enemy illusions may be in play and to apply extra scrutiny and checks to anything odd they see or hear. Oh, and tell the troops to ignore the yellow flare from the west hill; The troops up there got faked by an illusion.

We captured one male mantis cultist up there, so he somehow might be the source of the illusions. However, I doubt it's from just the low-level corruption a cultist puts off. We'll have to make sure to move him away from everyone, gag him and tie him to a tree to remove the corruption effect.

The cultists also have a ballista up there, but since illusions are in play we can't be sure that's what it really is. We'll assume it is until proven otherwise. Do we have anyone on this mission with experience operating ballistas?

We also overheard a challenge-response light signal code to tell the caravan the west pass is okay, but it might have been an illusion and fake so we can't totally trust to use it when the caravan actually arrives. We'll figure out if we'll use it anyway when the time comes.

Vlad also saw that the eastern pass hill was red with blood, but again we can't trust it wasn't an illusion. We need somebody else to get eyes on it to confirm the yetis did what we wanted them to do.

Brad and Anna are currently sliding down the west hill to head for the east pass. We'll try to switch to Brad and see if we can get him before he's all the way down the hill, but in case we fail one of you run over and get into position to intercept them before they go past the south end of the middle north-south slope.

Unfortunately, until we get the illusions off the forces on the west hill we can't send our crossbowmen up, or even any other forces. The illusions will very likely make them appear to be cultists and they'll be cut down, either by Vlad's arrows, the swordsmen up there, or even the ballista. We need somebody to get up there stealthily, locate the source of the illusions and take it out. It'll have to be Brad since everybody else who can move stealthily is already up there. We just have to get him a mirror and have him give himself a cut with a blessed weapon.

Also, even though it was an illusion we have to keep in mind that the caravan might split up when it actually does come. We'll have to be ready to run and cover all the passes if that happens.
>>
No. 583983 ID: d8a627

> If you can intercept them and tell them it's a trick, that'd be great.
Assuming it's not a trick to get us to leave the Eastern pass alone... In which case this message won't get through as anything but "LEAVE THE EASTERN PASS ALONE" anyways.
>[summon spear]
If that works after so many times of not working, I will be surprised.
>gag him and tie him to a tree to remove the corruption effect
I still say we apply a holy symbol to him. See what that does in assistance to countering his corruption.
>have him give himself a cut with a blessed weapon
Or just bash his nose with his hammer, which is blessed.
>>
No. 583985 ID: 78193a

>>583983
Uh. I think applying a holy symbol would just burn or injure a full-blown cultist like him. We should just tie him to a tree a far enough away from our forces that his corruption aura wouldn't effect them. Preferably one with a bush at the bottom to hide him behind.
>>
No. 584022 ID: 39ff39

That does it! From now on we have a code phrase for when this shit happens. My votes for "Cheese wheel"

Should we message Gray about this?
>>
No. 584032 ID: d8a627

>>584022
I don't think so.
[Policy: add outgoing messages to players to a queue, from which they must be manually approved to send]
Pink would understand what's going on, but Gray has no known experience with falsified messages, but I suppose we can run them through the queue trick we did back when Jericho was our King.
[Check corruption levels]
[Locate corruption]
[Message to gray: Using queue delay, possible wraith infestation modifying messages. If possible, check up on Alchemist.]
[Message to Green: Using queue delay, possible wraith infestation; Recommend caution with our pawns.

...I wonder if Perry, as an "Active player" is also capable of approving our messages to be sent. Too bad he's likely down in Amun right now.
>>
No. 584034 ID: 78193a

>>584022
We could, but she wouldn't be able to get any help here in time since it's at least a half hour back to the city. We also don't know if it'd be falsified due to whatever effected us. We could ask her what she knows could cause illusions like what the folks on the hill saw AND interrupt and alter what we said to our pawns... Oh, wait! We don't have to ask Gray; We have Dooriya's book!

Dooriya, check your book for all the things that could both cause illusions in a group of people like what happened up the hill AND interrupt and alter communication from a player to their pawns. The only one we encountered that altered what we've said to our pawns was when we were infected with a wraith, but it didn't effect those outside us. And a wraith outside us could place illusions over what we and others perceived, but couldn't alter what we said to our pawns; At least, as far as I can remember. And a daemon could do both, but if one had manifested here we're fucked anyway. So I dunno what it is we encountered.
>>
No. 584158 ID: 65a774
File 140535914981.png - (25.89KB , 900x450 , 52.png )
584158

>[Check corruption level]
[Corruption at 14% and falling!][Warning! “The Hunter” corruption is at 21% and falling!][Warning! “The Savage” corruption is at 28% and rising slowly!][Warning! “The Valkyrie” corruption is at 41% and rising fast!]
>[Check pawn status]
[“The Savage” Status: In Combat! “The hunter” Status: Depressed. “The priest” Status: Bored. “The Alchemist” Status: Tipsy, Sleeping. “Sister of Wisdom” Status: Confused. “Sister of Power” Status: Exited. “The Valkyrie” Status: In Combat! In Pain!]
>[Locate corruption]
[You’re too far away from a source of corruption!]

>Son of a bitch, the western passage is compromised with illusions.
:DooriyaUNB: Ah, that’s explains it! People! We got illusions!
>Enact counter-illusion protocol; Mirrors out, apply cuts from blessed weapons.
:DooriyaUNB: Everyone got their mirror ready?
:PaladinUNB: YES MA’AM!!
:AlexUNB: Ugh, some of my makeup has smeared…
>If at any point our speech gets all jumbled, start ignoring what we say and work on your best judgment.
:DooriyaUNB: Right, we’ll remember that.
>That does it! From now on we have a code phrase for when this shit happens. My votes for "Cheese wheel"
:DrinaUNB: Cheese wheel? Wait, wouldn’t whoever throwing illusions just… um…
:DooriyaUNB: Not if they didn’t know that we had a code phrase for it.
>Dooriya, check your book for all the things that could both cause illusions in a group of people like what happened up the hill AND interrupt and alter communication from a player to their pawns.
:DooriyaUNB: Hmm… the only thing that can cast illusions naturally are Wraiths and the demons themselves…

>Where are we anyways?
:DrinaUNB: We’re right in front of the central pass, planting metal shells to make it looks like we’ve booby trapped it… you know, like you told us too?
>Oh and side note we captured a ballista on the western hill so if we can get back to them we can use that?
:DrinaUNB: Oh, sweet! That will be a great help!
>Vlad also saw that the eastern pass hill was red with blood, but again we can't trust it wasn't an illusion. We need somebody else to get eyes on it to confirm the yetis did what we wanted them to do.
:DrinaUNB: Who needs eyes when you have ears? We’ve heard their screams all the way here. But if you want eyes the ranger should be returning soon.
>Assuming it's not a trick to get us to leave the Eastern pass alone...
:DrinaUNB: Wait… they are trying to make us leave the eastern pass alone by… um… making us go there?
:DooriyaUNB: It’s called reverse psychology
:DrinaUNB: Personally, I call it stupid.
>We captured one male mantis cultist up there.
:DooriyaUNB: Great! That will make the attack on the caravan easier!
>I still say we apply a holy symbol to him.
:DrinaUNB: Err… wouldn’t that kill him? …or at least hurt him?
:DooriyaUNB We want him alive, right?

>Brad and Anna are currently sliding down the west hill to head for the east pass.
:DooriyaUNB: Right, Sgt. Drina, intercept them!
:DrinaUNB: Got it! You there, soldier, get in the cart! …and you too, Alex.
:AlexUNB: Alexan-
:DrinaUNB: MAGGOT! GET IN THE CART!!
:AlexUNB: Y-yes Ma’am!!



:PaladinUNB: There they are! They are fighting undead right in front of the western pass, ma’am!
:DrinaUNB: Yes, yes I can see that… hmm…
:PaladinUNB: We need to head out there and help them!

Insert Trick and traps_
>>
No. 584159 ID: 34d0c0

Okay, Brad's getting corrupted slowly, Anna's getting corrupted FAST. Wherever those two are, there's probably either a Wraith or Demon, or at least LOTS of cultists.
>>
No. 584161 ID: 40935b

>MAGGOT!
I'm suddenly very curious about the life cycle of mantises.

I see something directly in front of you- it might just be a dark rock and some yellow snow, but I can't tell. Okay, Anna's corruption is rising fast, it appears she's been hit. Check your mirrors before engaging.

Well this went to shit really quick, didn't it? At least the actual caravan isn't coming for another half-hour, although it looks like out cover was blown.
>>
No. 584162 ID: 2fd516

>>584158
Be careful! I think there's a Wraith near Anna and Bradford! Specifically, near Anna. They're in combat, but... well... fighting wraiths is difficult. You have to fight off the illusions via willpower and injure whoever the Wraith is possessing, which will drive out the Wraith. Once it's driven out, you have to hit it with a blessed weapon to kill it.

Alex, Anna is injured, you'll have to tend to her as soon as you get there. We'll... switch to Vlad and see if he can help from a range at which we won't get our messages intercepted by the Wraith.

[switch to Vlad]
>>584161
Damn, you're right. We should just assume all the hillsides have nasties lurking in them, at this point. Anna and Bradford must've hit some on the way down theirs.
>>
No. 584166 ID: 78193a

[Check corruption level] [Check pawn status] [Locate corruption source]

What in the flying holy cheese wheels?! How did this many undead get up here without any of us noticing?! Dammit! Drina, get your holy sword ready. Remember what we said, follow the protocol we told Dooriya and use your best judgment here; There may be more enemy tricks coming or even already here.

Watch out! We see something in the snow a bit ahead of you, in the open area. A metallic or stone looking thing closer to you, and something white with a pale... yellow(?) edge farther away. Check it then proceed with caution.

Alexandra, our status check shows Anna is in pain. She's likely seriously injured so be ready to administer both your magics as soon as you get to her. Yes, both of them. The situation warrants it.

[Internal message: >>584161 >>584162 Goddammit, people! We just established there's a (likely powerful and likely attached to Anna) wraith throwing around illusions here and you're taking a swarm of undead showing up out of nowhere at face value?! We should not even begin to accept there are enemy undead here until we've illusion checked everything! Geez...]

>>584161
Eh, "maggot" is just a standard term drill sergeants call recruits under them when they're not behaving how the sergeant wants.
>>
No. 584169 ID: d8a627

>Anna is injured,
No she isn't. She's in pain, but she's not injured at all. That sticks true to what wraiths do--They give the impression of pain so that things feel more real, even when they're fake.
At least, I'm pretty sure our scan would say "injured" if she was.
>>
No. 584170 ID: 78193a

[Internal message: >>584169
I'm trying to be subtle here 'cause the wraith might be able to hear us speaking to Drina and Alexandra this far out. What I said to Alexandra was hinting that she should use her holy magic as well in the hope she'd catch on that Anna is wraith'd.]

>>
No. 584172 ID: 9ddf68

what's the crap in the snow in front of the spider? I see something black and something white sticking out of the snow. Oh and make sure to check them with your mirrors, you know illusions and what-not.
>>
No. 584174 ID: 65a774
File 140536685656.png - (20.49KB , 900x450 , 53.png )
584174

>[Locate corruption source]
[Westward from current position.]

>I'm suddenly very curious about the life cycle of mantises.
:DrinaUNB: (Huh? You don’t know!? That’s preschooler kind of stuff… but you guys are weird squid thingies so… well, in short… egg, larva, cocoon when about three years old and then exoskeleton. Happy?)
>What in the flying holy cheese wheels?! How did this many undead get up here without any of us noticing?! Dammit!
:DrinaUNB: (I have some ideas how…)

>Okay, Brad's getting corrupted slowly, Anna's getting corrupted FAST. Wherever those two are, there's probably either a Wraith or Demon, or at least LOTS of cultists.
:AlexUNB: As they are fighting undead, I’m going to guess wraiths…
:DrinaUNB: You know what that means. Everyone have their mirrors ready!
>Well this went to shit really quick, didn't it? At least the actual caravan isn't coming for another half-hour, although it looks like out cover was blown.
:DrinaUNB: So long as they don’t have one of those teleporting fuckers our cover hasn’t probably been blown yet.

>Watch out! We see something in the snow a bit ahead of you, in the open area.
:DrinaUNB: Ha! I knew it! They were hiding in the snow all along! Clever girls! Right, I’ll take the lead… men, make sure they don’t flank us… Alexandra, keep back and help with the illusion checking. Now, charge!
:AlexUNB: Um… let’s see… err… some of them are fake… um… the left one and… err…
:DrinaUNB: What are you talking about? There’s no one to the left… hmm… wait… do you all see them?
:PaladinUNB: I keep seeing undead rising all around us that aren’t actually there… and going by my comrade’s wild swinging…
:PaladinUNB: I’m just making sure they aren’t real…
:DrinaUNB: That’s odd… I can’t see the illusions? Never mind, keep vigilant people. There doesn’t seem to be a lot of undead here…

Insert Lies, damned lies and statistics_
>>
No. 584177 ID: 2fd516

>>584174
It might be because you're wielding that blessed sword. I for one am grateful. Illusions are a pain in the ass to deal with. On the other hand, this could be a trick to lull us into a false sense of security. Keep double-checking everything with your mirror, Alexandra.

No jumbled messages yet, thankfully. I expect once you get closer to Anna and Bradford the wraith will intercept and mess with our messages again.

How are they doing, by the way?
>>
No. 584182 ID: 3f0c1b

Well Drina if you aren't seeing any of the illusions, then I think we all know who to thank.

With an edge like that your situation is looking a lot better than things usually are when we have to deal with corruption. Anyway the source of the corruption is apparently west of here, unless the corruption got us.

Maybe we should switch to Brad or Anna and see how they are doing? The scans are making me worry...
>>
No. 584184 ID: 40935b

>You don’t know!?
Does that really surprise you?

You'll have to mark out what's real for your comrades- the lizard with a helmet and mantis with no eyes. Fight your way to Brad and Anna, we'll make sure they don't end up attacking you.
>>
No. 584186 ID: d8a627

>egg, larva, cocoon when about three years old and then exoskeleton.
That's what I would have guessed, except for the age. We have no idea how long the stages are. Like, how long does it take for eggs to form from the spermatophore, how long are they in a cocoon, what's the general age at which growth is considered done, what's the life-expentency of a Mantis, and when are they considered adults.
Come to think of it, we don't know about lizards, either, and our knowledge on humans only extends to how quickly they grow, not life expectancy or age of adulthood.
...But now's not the time for all that jazz. I'm sure the Grimoire of Gaia, aka The System, which created us "Players" and gave us our powers, has a glossary on these things.
>Maybe we should switch to Brad or Anna and see how they are doing?
There's not a lot of good we can do there, what with the wraith interfering. We can check up on Vlad, however, since the Wraith is inhabiting Anna, who's approaching Drina, while Vlad is still at the hill.
Actually, Vlad has some blessed arrows, doesn't he? Maybe we can get him to knick Anna with one and set her free of the wraith. Contrary to what one of us said
>You have to fight off the illusions via willpower and injure whoever the Wraith is possessing, which will drive out the Wraith. Once it's driven out, you have to hit it with a blessed weapon to kill it.
You don't have to hit the wraith twice, just hit their host with a blessed weapon and it'll set the wraith on holy fire.
[Switch to The Hunter]Vlad, if you've got your holy arrows, and think you can get a clear shot at Anna, try and knick her with one. We believe she's got a wraith, and the sooner it's expelled the better.
Sorry about abandoning you with those cryptic maybe-us messages, but with the Wraith giving out false messages, we didn't have much choice.
>>
No. 584187 ID: 78193a

Ah, Steve's sword is protecting you from the illusions. Excellent! That'll make it much easier to deal with the wraith once you get near. And it probably means what we tell you won't be messed with either.

And I see what the wraith is doing. It's not only commanding the undead but it's inflating their apparent numbers with illusions. Okay, we just have to take out the wraith and it'll get rid of the illusions and should leave the undead without direction and easy to take out.

Drina, since you can see through the illusions, what's the situation around Anna and Brad's position? You see any sign of the wraith?

There's a decent chance that once you get near the wraith will place an illusion on y'all to make you appear to be the enemy. If that happens then getting Brad out from under the illusion is top priority 'cause we do not want him to use his Windwalking against you. Drina, either smack him with the flat of your blade or just nick him where it isn't vital.

The source of the corruption is from Brad and Anna's position, and from our status we're pretty sure that the wraith got its claws in Anna. So we need a way to get it out without injuring her. That's going to be tricky 'cause she's in full armor which makes doing that using blessed weapons hard. Alexandra, would a shot of holy magic knock the wraith out without harming Anna?

Alright, move up as quick as you can. Since Drina can see through the illusions she'll cut a swath through the undead and everybody will follow close after her. Drina, once you get closer have everyone touch your sword to dispel the illusions and get an idea of what's what.

And dangit, Drina, why did you take your helmet off before coming out here?! Well, too late to run back to the sled and put it on. You'll just have to go on without it. Unless it's an art error.

>>584186
Anna's wearing full armor right now. From the distance Vlad is it'd take a square-on hit to punch through the armor and a shot with that much force'll go right into Anna. While such a hit to the leg or arm wouldn't kill her I figure even with Alexandra's healing that'd put Anna out of the fight. I'd rather try to knock the wraith out of her some other way first.
>>
No. 584214 ID: d8a627

>Anna's wearing full armor right now.
Dammit, alright, cancel the switch and message to Hunter, then. Let's stick with Drina.
>>
No. 584269 ID: 65a774
File 140545034061.png - (16.05KB , 900x450 , 54.png )
584269

>dangit, Drina, why did you take your helmet off before coming out here?! Unless it's an art error.
Art error!

>Well Drina if you aren't seeing any of the illusions, then I think we all know who to thank.
:DrinaUNB: (Yeah, yeah… I’m thankful that my sister is banging what’s basically the god of my religion…)
>On the other hand, this could be a trick to lull us into a false sense of security. Keep double-checking everything with your mirror, Alexandra.
:AlexUNB: (You can count on me!)
>Drina, since you can see through the illusions, what's the situation around Anna and Brad's position? You see any sign of the wraith?
:DrinaUNB: (They seems to have cleared out most of the undea- wait, I think… yeah, Anna is attacking Brad right now… great…)
>The source of the corruption is from Brad and Anna's position, and from our status we're pretty sure that the wraith got its claws in Anna. So we need a way to get it out without injuring her. That's going to be tricky 'cause she's in full armor which makes doing that using blessed weapons hard.
:DrinaUNB: (She’s not very skilled… I can probably disarm her and then wrestle her to the ground without problem…)
>Alexandra, would a shot of holy magic knock the wraith out without harming Anna?
:AlexUNB: Err… yes, I think so?
:DrinaUNB: Well, that’s a better idea, then…

>You'll have to mark out what's real for your comrades- the lizard with a helmet and mantis with no eyes.
:DrinaUNB: (They are so few right now that I can take them out on my own… *sigh*… that mantis is barely a boy… seeing a child like this is a bit… offsetting after what happened earlier with Tsure and-)
*Click*
:DrinaUNB: Did that mantis just go cl-
>>
No. 584270 ID: 65a774
File 140545035581.png - (18.41KB , 900x450 , 55.png )
584270

*BOOM!!!*
:DrinaUNB: AAAH!!!!
:AlexUNB: DRINA!!
>>
No. 584271 ID: 65a774
File 140545036952.png - (15.28KB , 900x450 , 56.png )
584271

:AlexUNB: …she’s still alive! She’s lucky she were wearing a helmet!
:DrinaUNB: *Ugh* …of c-course I… I am… uh… I’m just… a bit… sore… *Cough*
:PaladinUNB: Look out! We got a large group of undead incoming!
:AlexUNB: …that’s the wraith. I can feel him.
:DrinaUNB: You can? …w-wait… why can’t I… I… feel… sword arm?
:AlexUNB: Um… about that… err…

Insert An arm and a leg… minus the leg…_
>>
No. 584272 ID: 2fd516

>>584271
What the hell was that?! I thought you guys didn't have explosives! Though, come to think of it since you knew what a mine was, you must have some sort of explosives.

Drina, avoid bleeding out. Alexandra, smite that wraith, THEN heal Drina. Once the wraith is down, the illusions will vanish and the left-over undead will be single-minded and follow whatever orders were last given. Should be simple to take them down.

Keep the severed arm, it can be reattached.
>>
No. 584273 ID: 3f0c1b

Weeeelll... look at it this way, if you ask really nicely you could probably get a new one.

Now for what's probably important your immediate survival, do you still have the sword and can you fight with your remaining arm?
>>
No. 584274 ID: b1bbb7

Apparently the universe likes twins, and it's not twins unless they have matching scars to boot!
Explosives in the undead. That's something we possibly could have seen coming but is also going to be a pain in the neck to figure out a strategy for outside of always having a ranged fighter with you.
>>
No. 584276 ID: d8a627

Okay, in the future, if we ever see odd looking eyes in an undead, it might be a bomb. I mean, that Mantis had a red and yellow line below his (missing) eyes... I figured that was just some necrotic replacement eyes, should have realized the yellow was unusual.
>>
No. 584277 ID: 40935b

Dammit, of all the times to hesitate..

Alexa, throw some smiting at the undead, but focus on keeping Drina alive. Make sure that necrotic poison that cost Dooriya her arm isn't here again. The infantry should be able to hold them back, especially if you give one of them Drina's sword.

Drina, your arm's gone. It's still in one piece, though, which means it can be put on ice and possibly reattached. Just be sure to wrap it first, or the nerves will get damaged. And make sure it's her arm, and not the zombies!

>>584276
I thought that it was blood and mantis ichor. We should have asked what a suicide attack would look like.
>>
No. 584307 ID: 78193a

[Check pawn status] [Check corruption level] [Locate corruption source]

What the fuck?! How the hell could we spot somet- Dammit... The undead mantis was unarmed. We should have realized something was wrong just from that. Goddammit... We're so sorry, Drina. We should have seen that. We failed you, same as Dooriya.

Alexandra, other than the arm, how bad are Drina's injuries? Can you get her up and moving? 'Cause we need to get going immediately.

Wait... Where's the sword? Drina, where's your sword?! We need it's powers right now! Drina, Alexandra, find it! Use it to do a quick illusion check then get it into the hand of a swordsman ASAP!

Everybody not in combat do illusion checks continually. That definitely includes you, Drina. You still have one good arm; Use it to hold a mirror and check everything.

>…that’s the wraith. I can feel him.
Wait a second... Alexandra, it might be our memory failing us, but since when have you had that ability? Something might be wrong here. Drina, get something reflective and check the scene, and if you can't get your hand on a blessed weapon and hurt yourself with it. Assuming Alexandra's ability checks out does this mean the wraith isn't in Anna and is in the group of undead moving towards this position?

Okay, what do we do? Whether the wraith is in Anna or not, with Drina down it's unlikely we'll be able to make it to Brad and Anna's position and deal with it or the illusions on them before Brad kills Anna or Anna's corruption hits 100% and we possibly lose her for good. We need to do something fast.

Alright, I have a plan. Make a fighting retreat to the sled if possible. If you have grenades then use them to take out any grouped undead or have Alexandra call out the rough position of the wraith and throw them there. Meanwhile we'll switch to Vlad, get him out from under the illusion with a cut from a blessed arrow point, then have him shoot that arrow so it hits Brad somewhere non-vital to break the illusion on him; Preferably the buttock. Then we'll switch to Brad and depending on where the wraith is have him either knock it out of Anna or break off from her to smash his way through the undead to get at the wraith.

>>584272
>Keep the severed arm, it can be reattached.
Yes, definitely collect the arm. With skilled necromancy it can be reattached and reanimated to look, work and sense just as well as before. We just need a skilled enough necromancer. We'll ask Gray if she'll call in a favor for us with the Serathians to have the master necromancer that undoubtedly came along with their delegation do the work. Though, then the question is: Would Drina object less to having her own necromantically reanimated arm attached compared to a daemon bone one like Steve gave Dooriya?
>>
No. 584309 ID: 2fd516

>>584307
It's possible that Alexandra gained that demon-sensing ability due to doing priest training under our boost...?
>>
No. 584342 ID: 65a774
File 140553185311.png - (15.68KB , 900x450 , 57.png )
584342

>[Check pawn status]
“The Savage” Status: In Combat! “The hunter” Status: Depressed, hunting buttocks. “The priest” Status: In Combat. “The Alchemist” Status: Tipsy, Sleeping. “Sister of Wisdom” Status: Content. “Sister of Power” Status: Wounded. “The Valkyrie” Status: Corrupted!]
>[Check corruption level]
[Corruption at 14% and falling!][Warning! “The Hunter” corruption is at 11% and falling!][Warning! “The Savage” corruption is at 38% and rising slowly!][Warning! “The Valkyrie” corruption is at 78% and rising fast!]
>[Locate corruption source]
[Wraith located in “The Valkyrie” Westward from current position.][Wraith located in Order Paladin Westward from current position.]

>What the hell was that?! I thought you guys didn't have explosives!
:AlexUNB: (Err… you guys were with us when Jal made a bunch of explosives, right?)
>Okay, in the future, if we ever see odd looking eyes in an undead, it might be a bomb. I mean, that Mantis had a red and yellow line below his (missing) eyes...
:DrinaUNB: I… I saw bottles… in his head… in his empty head…
:AlexUNB: Not the best of times to be captain Hindsight, Drina…
>Alexa, throw some smiting at the undead, but focus on keeping Drina alive.
:AlexUNB: I only got one blast, remember? I can’t do it twice on the same day, so I won’t be able to use it on- but if this really is the wraith…
>If you have grenades then use them to take out any grouped undead or have Alexandra call out the rough position of the wraith and throw them there.
:PaladinUNB: I got one right here.
:AlexUNB: We’re lucky that thing wasn’t cough in the explosion too… aim it at the order guy! That’s the wraith!
:PaladinUNB: Eat explosion, Undead scum!!
*Boom!!*
:AlexUNB: …it’s working? The undead stopped moving… so… we killed it?
:PaladinUNB: You can’t kill a wraith with an explosion!
:AlexUNB: If you use holy water instead of normal water you apparently can… at least according to our alchemist…
:DrinaUNB: Heh… remind me to thank Jal when we get back…

>Wait a second... Alexandra, it might be our memory failing us, but since when have you had that ability?
:AlexUNB: Err… since I was a priest? …of course, they said that it would take week if not months to really learn to tell the difference between corruptions but… um… I just kind of… you know, knew that was a wraith…
>Drina, avoid bleeding out.
:DrinaUNB: Easy for you to say…
>Alexandra, other than the arm, how bad are Drina's injuries? Can you get her up and moving?
:AlexUNB: As soon as I fix that arm. Her heavier armor took most of the blast, it was only her sword arm that was unprotected…
>Keep the severed arm, it can be reattached.
:DrinaUNB: I know, I know…
>With skilled necromancy it can be reattached and reanimated to look, work and sense just as well as before.
:DrinaUNB: Necromancy!? What the- I don’t want to be some kind of half dead abomination; I rather put it back the old fashioned way with healing magic!!
>Weeeelll... look at it this way, if you ask really nicely you could probably get a new one.
:DrinaUNB: I’m not going to kiss demon ass for an arm!
:AlexUNB: Relax, the wound doesn’t seem that bad… I can probably reattach it right here…
>Now for what's probably important your immediate survival, do you still have the sword and can you fight with your remaining arm?
:DrinaUNB: Hell yes, I ca-
:AlexUNB: Unless you want to lose your arm permanently, I advise you to calm the fuck down!
:DrinaUNB: …fine, I won’t fight today…
:AlexUNB: Or for the next week. These things take a lot of time to heal, you know.

>Everybody not in combat do illusion checks continually. That definitely includes you, Drina. You still have one good arm; Use it to hold a mirror and check everything.
:DrinaUNB: I got a sword that make illusions go… err… wait, where…
>Where's the sword? Drina, where's your sword?!
:DrinaUNB: Right here… right next to me… don’t worry…
:PaladinUNB: I can’t spot any illusions, ma’am… and all the undead seems have stopped… except those two that are fighting each other…
:AlexUNB: That’s an illusion… those two undead are Brad and Anna… wait, why is there still illusions if-
>Once the wraith is down, the illusions will vanish and the left-over undead will be single-minded and follow whatever orders were last given. Should be simple to take them down.
:AlexUNB: Didn’t they say that the wraith should either control the undead or cast illusions but not both at the same time in the undead 101 class we had?
:DrinaUNB: There’s more than one Wraith, genius…
:AlexUNB: Oh, that’s… um…
>>
No. 584345 ID: 65a774
File 140553198585.png - (15.23KB , 900x450 , 58.png )
584345

>we'll switch to Vlad, get him out from under the illusion with a cut from a blessed arrow point, then have him shoot that arrow so it hits Brad somewhere non-vital to break the illusion on him; Preferably the buttock.
[Switching to “The Hunter”]
:PaladinUNB: Did you just shoot one of our own!?
:VladUNB: With a holy arrow, to break whatever illusion he’s seeing.
:PaladinUNB: …did you really have to hit him in the butt?
:VladUNB: …yes, yes I did…

>Then we'll switch to Brad and depending on where the wraith is have him either knock it out of Anna or break off from her to smash his way through the undead to get at the wraith.
[Switching to “The Savage”]
:BradfordUNB: Anna… ANNA! …ow…
:AnnaUNB: Submit, broken one! Join us like she have!!
:BradfordUNB: Dammit, snap out of it, Anna! Ow… and who the hel’s name shot me in the butt!!

Insert What, what in the butt_
>>
No. 584349 ID: 40935b

Brad, anna's been possessed by a wraith, along with one of the order's paladins. You need to... remove that holy arrow and use it to draw blood from Anna in order to get rid of the wraith. Pray it's not a broadhead. After that, you need to find and deal with the wraith possessing the paladin on the hill.

Steve almighty, three wraiths? The caravan hasn't even shown up yet!
>>
No. 584351 ID: 2fd516

>>584345
Vlad did. Weren't you seeing illusions? It was a holy arrow so it should've dispelled the illusions for you. Shame about your butt, though. Brad, you have to wound Anna with your blessed hammer. WOUND her. Break her arm or something. That'll deal with the wraith. DO IT FAST, she's gonna be Corrupted soon!

...aw man I just realized since we're so close to the wraith now it'll probably fuck up our messages. Be careful what you say, guys.
>>
No. 584352 ID: dbe554

Hunting Buttocks.. Never would I have thought to see that outside of a pawn in the bedroom or bar, hm.

Regardless she is possessed! Wound her in a manner that won't kill her!
>>
No. 584359 ID: 78193a

[Scan "The Valkyrie"] [Display corruption level of "The Valkyrie"; Continually update display until corruption level starts falling]

Vlad did so with a blessed arrow so we could speak with you without the goddamn wraith that got its claws in Anna fucking with our words. We only got a couple minutes at most before it irrevocably corrupts her! We gotta drive it out quick! And don't pull the arrow out! It's the only thing keeping our communication and your senses clear right now. Also, we have a very limited supply of them so we're gonna need to retrieve it later for reuse.

Okay, option A to get rid of the wraith is to apply a blessed weapon to Anna without seriously injuring her. Option B is to get Anna within range of Alexandra so she can drop a holy magic blast on Anna to drive the wraith out. We'd prefer option A, but if we run low on time get Anna near Alexandra any way you can.

You're having rather more trouble subduing Anna than we'd expect. Does having a wraith controlling her make her a much tougher opponent?

Since you walk on top of the snow you have the advantage of mobility over Anna so use it. Back off long enough to scoop up some snow then chuck it into her visor. If you do it just hard enough it'll be pressed in far enough that she won't just be able to just wipe it away from her eyes. You can also try to swoop in behind her, grab her cape, and wrap it in around her helmet to blind her.

Do you know if Anna's sword is a blessed one? 'Cause if it is then if you get it away from her you could use it to give her a at most a wound that could be fixed with healing magic; Perhaps drive the point through the palm of her off-hand parallel to the bone, or through her foot. Even if it isn't blessed still try to knock it out of her hand.

How good are you at wrestling, Brad? Do you think you could grapple Anna and pull a piece of her armor off so you can get a clear hit on her flesh? Or could you wrest her sword away? We know you're stronger than Anna, but with a wraith controlling her we're not sure you could.

You should also know that the wraith might be able to hear what we're saying, so expect it to be ready to counter what we've suggested in some manner.

Wait a sec... That undead human guy behind Brad looks familiar. Ah, he looks like the undead servant that Varius brought along when he went up the mountain. Probably not the same one, though. However, he's unarmed, and we just found out by hard experience to watch out for unarmed undead. Brad, avoid getting close to that unarmed undead and any other unarmed undead 'cause they might have bombs in them or some other trick. Take them out at range or avoid them.

>As soon as I fix that arm. Her heavier armor took most of the blast, it was only her sword arm that was unprotected…
Oh, thank heavens! Drina isn't going to lose her arm! We thought she was going to 'cause we didn't know how much healing magic could do. It's still going to put her out of the fight on this mission, though.

>>584349
The undead Order paladin and the wraith in it was blown up by Jal's holy hand grenade, so as far as we know we're down to one wraith in this fight.
>>
No. 584360 ID: 2fd516

Oh right yeah, Alexandra can smite it.

How about you just pick up Anna and throw her over to Alex?
>>
No. 584361 ID: 65a774
File 140554087677.png - (15.20KB , 900x450 , 59.png )
584361

>[Scan "The Valkyrie"]
["The Valkyrie" Status: Corrupted]
>[Display corruption level of "The Valkyrie"; Continually update display until corruption level starts falling]
[Warning! “The Valkyrie” corruption is at 82% and rising fast!]


>Vlad did. Weren't you seeing illusions? It was a holy arrow so it should've dispelled the illusions for you.
I wasn’t seeing anything! I bit my tongue and spread some blood on my blessed hammer to dispel them, like you said? Draw with blood on a holy weapon?
>Don't pull the arrow out! It's the only thing keeping our communication and your senses clear right now. Also, we have a very limited supply of them so we're gonna need to retrieve it later for reuse.
I’m pretty sure it broke when it hit me and… urgh… it stings like licking Freya’s frozen teat! Having a dagger in my eye didn’t sting like this!!
>That human undead is unarmed, and we just found out by hard experience to watch out for unarmed undead. Brad, avoid getting close to that unarmed undead and any other unarmed undead 'cause they might have bombs in them or some other trick.
Right… I was wondering why they all just stopped suddenly… clearly it’s some kind of trick, right?

>Brad, you have to wound Anna with your blessed hammer. WOUND her. Break her arm or something.
I… but… she’s…
:AnnaUNB: Why don’t you accept who you are, broken one? You belong with us!
>DO IT FAST, she's gonna be Corrupted soon!
But she’s… I… I can’t hurt her… she… she remind me off…
:AnnaUNB: It’s useless to resist! Either join us or pass on already!
>You're having rather more trouble subduing Anna than we'd expect. Does having a wraith controlling her make her a much tougher opponent?
It’s not… she’s… I can’t hurt her! There has to be another option!
:AnnaUNB: Where is your hatred for the gods, broken one?

>Option B is to get Anna within range of Alexandra so she can drop a holy magic blast on Anna to drive the wraith out.
Yes, that’s it! Her holy magic wouldn’t hurt Anna! It will go right through her, killing the wraith and any undead that would be behind her!
>How about you just pick up Anna and throw her over to Alex?
Hmm…
>Since you walk on top of the snow you have the advantage of mobility over Anna so use it. Back off long enough to scoop up some snow then chuck it into her visor.
:AnnaUNB: Running away are you, coward? Just like you are from your past? Ha, to think you were once… wait, what are you doing with all th- *Urgh!*

:AlexUNB: …that’s the first time I’ve ever seen someone being hit with a snowball so big and fast that they were thrown several meters…
:PaladinUNB: And it was awesome! Encore! ENCORE!!
:AnnaUNB: *Muffled*

Insert Not even a snow castle will save you from Bradford, the lord of snowballs!_
>>
No. 584362 ID: dbe554

...Well Smite her, finish out the wraith.

Also Brad, this is surprising of you considering how rough you can be, it's rather humanizing after all that you've gone through.
>>
No. 584366 ID: 40935b

... Alexa, it looks like Brad is having trouble getting a good hit in with his hammer. Perhaps you'll have better luck with your magic. Brad, the paladin on the hill is also infected with a wraith, you should be able to help with that.
>>
No. 584373 ID: 78193a

Okay, I wish we could do this without using up Alexandra's holy blast for the day but we're out of time to do it without. Plus I don't want to give the wraith any chance to jump to another person.

Alexandra, tell the swordsman to run over and pin Anna down. Brad, step out of Alexandra's line of fire. Yes, we know holy magic shouldn't harm you but we have a hunch here, okay. Still hold your arm out so you're hit by the magic and tell us what it feels like. Alexandra, step up, ready your holy blast and fire.

>I wasn’t seeing anything! I bit my tongue and spread some blood on my blessed hammer to dispel them, like you said? Draw with blood on a holy weapon?
It's draw blood WITH a holy weapon; As in, cause bleeding with it! Though, in this case it might have worked by just bringing your blood in contact with it. I dunno. We really should get some clarification on the ways to use a blessed weapon to dispel illusions 'cause we've also been told that just causing pain with one will work.

>...it stings like licking Freya’s frozen teat! Having a dagger in my eye didn’t sting like this!!
Hey, we figured shooting you in the butt would be the safest and least hindering of the non-vital spots Vlad could have shot. Though... Hmm... Maybe it stings 'cause it's blessed? We'll have to test that later by having Vlad shoot you in the other buttock with a regular arrow.

>Right… I was wondering why they all just stopped suddenly… clearly it’s some kind of trick, right?
Not a trick this time. Turns out wraiths can either do illusions or control undead and the one controlling the undead was destroyed.

And did you lose your helmet out there as well? Well, get another one the next chance you get. We know you hate wearing one, but wearing a helmet saved Drina's life when an undead bomber blew up in her face so we're definitely not taking chances out here with you.

>But she’s… I… I can’t hurt her… she… she remind me of…
Who does Anna remind you of? A daughter? But I thought you had a son, not a daughter. Your wife? A sister? Who is it?

>It’s useless to resist! Either join us or pass on already! >Where is your hatred for the gods, broken one?
Alright, after this I've got the feeling that Bradford and Ragnar are somehow the same person. Don't ask me how when Ragnar didn't look anything like Brad. Maybe Varius found a way to stuff Ragnar's ghost into Conrack's body or one of his descendants and raise it whole and living with regenerative magic? Or maybe they found a way to make a ghost solid and alive again? Bradford somehow being a ghost would explain why the cultists keep calling him "broken," a term used for both the dead and spirits. It'd also might explain why he's so light on his feet and can run across snow like he does, but that might be from being a Windwalker.

>>584366
What? I thought the second source was that undead Order paladin that got blown up by a grenade, not one up on the hill. If there was one up there Vlad's corruption level would still be rising slowly but it's actually falling. But I'll check anyway to be sure. [Locate corruption source] [Check corruption levels]
>>
No. 584379 ID: 2fd516

>>584361
Alex, you can tell where the wraith is, right? Smite it! We think it's in Anna but it might not be, I guess? Come to think of it, you could aim it so that every wraith suspect will get hit by the blast!

Try not to hit Brad, it'll knock him out, and he's been hit by blessed weapons enough for him to be eliminated as a suspect.
>>
No. 584383 ID: 65a774
File 140555462669.png - (15.43KB , 900x450 , 60.png )
584383

>[Locate corruption source]
[Unable to locate any sources]
>[Check corruption levels]
[Corruption at 11% and falling!][“The Savage” corruption is at 11% and falling fast][Warning! “The Valkyrie” corruption is at 62% and falling fast]

>Alexa, it looks like Brad is having trouble getting a good hit in with his hammer. Perhaps you'll have better luck with your magic.
:AlexUNB: If she’ll keep still it won’t be a problem… and as she’s currently under a pile of snow…
>Alex, you can tell where the wraith is, right? Smite it! We think it's in Anna but it might not be, I guess?
:AlexUNB: It’s definitely in Anna, she’s oozing corruption like it was half off at the general store.
>Alexandra, tell the swordsman to run over and pin Anna down.
:PaladinUNB: Yes, ma’am!
>Brad, step out of Alexandra's line of fire. Yes, we know holy magic shouldn't harm you but we have a hunch here, okay.
:BradfordUNB: Err… but it wo-
:AlexUNB: Just move, Brad…
>Still hold your arm out so you're hit by the magic and tell us what it feels like. Alexandra, step up, ready your holy blast and fire.
:AlexUNB: Wait, if you actually think it will hurt him… um… maybe start with something a bit less… it’s rather powerful, alright?
:BradfordUNB: I’m keeping my distance… happy no-
:AlexUNB: By the light, be purged!
*Zook!!*
:AnnaUNB: AAAAH!!
:UnbrokenUNB: AAAARHGG!!!
:BradfordUNB: …ow...
:AlexUNB: I always wanted to say that…



:BradfordUNB: …that… the heat coming from that missile... I think it singed my beard a bit…
:AlexUNB: Err… Brad… that thing wasn’t hot...
:BradfordUNB: …they why did it hurt jus-
:AnnaUNB: …whoa… I had the weirdest dream…
:AlexUNB: Are you alright?
:AnnaUNB: Um… yeah? Why wouldn’t I be… no wait… I think I hurt my ankle and… hmm… I got this weird desire for meat… bloody meat… and to hit someone over the head… weird…

>Also Brad, this is surprising of you considering how rough you can be, it's rather humanizing after all that you've gone through.
:AnnaUNB: Hey, just because he’s a cold blooded killer doesn’t mean his a big softie!
:BradfordUNB:
>Brad, the paladin on the hill is also infected with a wraith, you should be able to help with that.
:AlexUNB: Are you sure? I can’t sense anything… um… either way, I can see Vlad and the sergeant are on their way down the hill so…
>It's draw blood WITH a holy weapon; As in, cause bleeding with it!
:AlexUNB: Actually, according to the order trainers, it’s pain. Drawing blood is just to make sure you feel enough pain to dispel most things…
:BradfordUNB: Well, it did hurt a bit to lick metal with a bleeding tongue…

>Maybe it stings 'cause it's blessed? We'll have to test that later by having Vlad shoot you in the other buttock with a regular arrow.
:BradfordUNB: No one put anything long and pointy in my buttocks again!
:AlexUNB: Ha! I didn’t know Vlad was your boyfriend~ I hope he at least bought you a dinner and theater play…
:BradfordUNB: Oh, shut it.
>Not a trick this time. Turns out wraiths can either do illusions or control undead and the one controlling the undead was destroyed.
:BradfordUNB: And both of them are dead… so… victory?
:AnnaUNB: Wait, both of them are dead already? Aw, man… I missed all the fun…
>And did you lose your helmet out there as well?
:BradfordUNB: Err… well, I did take a rather heavy hit for-
:AnnaUNB: Didn’t you discard it on the way down from the mountain? I think I heard you muttering something abou-
:BradfordUNB: Shhh...
>Who does Anna remind you of? A daughter? But I thought you had a son, not a daughter. Your wife? A sister? Who is it?
:BradfordUNB: I… I don’t know… someone… I remind me of someone I saw being killed…
>Alright, after this I've got the feeling that Bradford and Ragnar are somehow the same person.
:AlexUNB: …wait, you mean Brad is some kind of ghost from 300 years ago? A ghost of an extremely brutal murderer who killed people in the thousand? I… I can’t really believe that… and wait; didn’t this Ragnar fellow have ash colored hair or something? Jal said that, right?
:AnnaUNB: That would be soooo cool, though!
:PaladinUNB: It would be awesome!!
:AlexUNB: *Ugh* Yes, it would be “awesome” to have someone who burned down temples full of people for fun right here… really…

Insert If those temples and people belonged to a different nation he would have been a national hero instead_
>>
No. 584386 ID: dbe554

If he burned down alot of things, the logical thought may be that rather then ash-colored hair, he may have had ash COATED hair instead, full enough from the burnings that it was simply looking like ash itself.

Regardless this train of thought isn't helpful when we still have a caravan to deal with and people to nab. We can deal with him being Ragnar or not after, and it might have been lies from the Wraith regardless.
>>
No. 584387 ID: 2fd516

>>584383
Yeah I think we can discount the possibility of Bradford being Ragnar. I too considered it at one point but the hair color thing and the fact that Ragnar's corpse was burned make it difficult for Bradford to be him. Ragnar was probably being controlled by a daemon during his rampage, which means one of the enemy daemons is "Ragnar". So I believe our mission is just to kill the demon responsible.

We still have time before the real caravan arrives. Time to clear out the undead rabble, tidy up, and get back in ambush positions. Anna, I think you should take Drina's sword for a while. It's blessed, and should de-corrupt you via use of it, just like how Bradford is with his hammer.

The Wraith was screwing with our corruption readouts again... If we're not near any wraiths we should be able to get an accurate reading now.
[check corruption levels] [check pawn status]

Good work everyone. We killed two wraiths and only suffered one casualty, which was not a death. We can even reattach the arm!
>>
No. 584392 ID: 40935b

>I got this weird desire for meat… bloody meat… and to hit someone over the head… weird…
If it sticks, we'll know where Brad got his cheery personality from.

>Yes, it would be “awesome” to have someone who burned down temples full of people for fun right here…
Hey, comedy equals tragedy plus time.

Brad, go pick up your helmet before you get on the quartermaster's bad side. Did it seriously hurt more to lick metal than it did to bite through your own tongue? Anyway, we should regroup and figure out what we're going to do now- we have the code to get the caravan through, but still not the pass they're using.
>>
No. 584393 ID: e21646

Brad, do you still have shattered arrow shards in you? You should get that checked out and treated as soon as possible.
But then again, it could make you wraith-proof, maybe?
>>
No. 584396 ID: 2fd516

...that's an idea. Bless shards of metal and surgically implant them in our troops. Wraith immunity!
>>
No. 584411 ID: 78193a

Wait a second... We did a corruption check and it looked like Brad and Anna's corruption levels went down sharply before Alexandra even started to cast that holy blast. It's probably just our loose temporal position showing us the effect before the cause, but lets check to be sure the wraith isn't just hiding. Could one of you mirror-check over where Anna and Brad were fighting and see if there's an undead human guy wearing a blue scarf thing. He's the only intact body that could hold a wraith that was in proximity to both Anna and Brad.

Alexandra, take a look at Anna's ankle, then see what you can do about the arrow stuck in Brad's behind. I'd kinda like to leave the painful blessed arrowhead or shrapnel in until the end of the mission as protection against wraith illusions and similar. But would breaking the arrow shaft off, bandaging it over and leaving it that long cause problems healing it later?

That holy blast was damn cool, Alexandra. Did it feel easier to cast than before? And was your healing magic easier to perform as well? That'd be our boost to your skill learning rate. Take advantage of it while you can and maybe real soon you'll be able to cast a holy blast more than once a day.

Also, could you go bind and immobilize Drina's just-reattached arm to her torso so she can't inadvertently use it. We do not want to even give her the chance to screw it up. And is there anything you know of that can speed up her healing? Hm... I wonder if our presence also boosts healing rate too. I hope so, 'cause otherwise Drina's going to be out of the fight for days and we need her.

Since Drina won't be fighting somebody else should use her sword. Though, unless it magically adjusts in size, weight and balance to whomever is holding it it's going to be unwieldy for anyone smaller than a female mantis to use. If it does turn out it adjusts itself then I'm thinking Anna gets it until the mission is over.

>Actually, according to the order trainers, it’s pain. Drawing blood is just to make sure you feel enough pain to dispel most things…
That's pain caused by a blessed weapon or item, right? 'Cause from what we've seen even extreme ordinary pain doesn't cut through illusions. Though in that case it was an illusion from the Dark One's avatar so it was much stronger than a wraith's.

>...didn’t this Ragnar fellow have ash colored hair or something? Jal said that, right?
Jal also said Ragnar "wasn't the cleanest of men," to put it mildly, and you just said he burned down temples. And he likely burned down many other buildings as well. It wouldn't be a stretch to imagine that the ash could so thoroughly coat his grimy beard and hair they'd appear ashen gray.

But this line of thought isn't something to pursue while out on a mission. We have more vital and important things to think about right now. We'll put it on hold to work on later, once we get back to town.

>Hey, just because he’s a cold blooded killer doesn’t mean his a big softie!
Um... What? Anna, did you happen to leave a word or two out of that sentence?

Okay, cut down the rest of the undead that're still standing. Make sure to take out any who're unarmed from a distance since they probably have bombs on or in them; Brad's throwing axes would be good for this.

What's the time? How much longer do we have until the caravan is scheduled to arrive? 'Cause we need to clean up the approach to the west pass before it comes. Otherwise we're not going to be able to fake them using the light code. We can just bury the bodies in the snow where they are since the caravan is expecting lumps from undead. Then it's just a matter of covering the blood and scorch marks with snow.

Oh, and once Vlad, Brad, and Anna are nearby and we're sure there are no wraiths about: The secret code phrase use voices'll use to alert you if there's a wraith or something else altering what we're saying is "cheese wheel." Remember that.

We should probably switch over to Dooriya and tell her what happened since it'll be faster than sending someone back to report. Then we'll have her send the crossbowmen over to help clean up the approach to the west pass then take position on the hill.
>>
No. 584422 ID: 2fd516

>>584411
>We did a corruption check and it looked like Brad and Anna's corruption levels went down sharply before Alexandra even started to cast that holy blast.
I think that was Anna's Wraith trying to make us think we killed the only Wraith present.
>>
No. 584435 ID: e21646

>>584422
>I think that was Anna's Wraith trying to make us think we killed the only Wraith present.

Hmm... But then again, the wraith could've left and gave us the illusion that it was actually killed by the blast.
I hope we didn't waste Alexandra's blast on nothing. I say everyone should nick themselves with a holy weapon before checking everything with mirrors. Heck, we've almost self-destructed ourselves before all because of one lone wraith's trickery, so we can't afford to not be cautious.
>>
No. 584442 ID: d8a627

>it's going to be unwieldy for anyone smaller than a female mantis to use.
Clearly, this is where we recruit Tsure.
And YES THAT WAS A JOKE, we're not taking her away from her kid.
>Um... What? Anna, did you happen to leave a word or two out of that sentence?
It looks perfectly fine to me. Are you spacing out for a word or two?
>>
No. 584463 ID: 74f028

I think we may have been thrown a little off track, wasn't our original mission something to do with caravans? How is that going anyway?
>>
No. 584468 ID: 65a774
File 140561791091.png - (34.44KB , 900x450 , 61.png )
584468

>[check corruption levels]
[Corruption at 9% and falling!][“The Savage” corruption is at 5% and falling fast][“The Valkyrie” corruption is at 32% and falling fast]
>[check pawn status]
[“The Savage” Status: Butt hurt! “The hunter” Status: Depressed. “The priest” Status: Content. “The Alchemist” Status: Hangover. “Sister of Wisdom” Status: Content. “Sister of Power” Status: Wounded. “The Valkyrie” Status: Depressed!]

>If he burned down a lot of things, the logical thought may be that rather than ash-colored hair, he may have had ash COATED hair instead, full enough from the burnings that it was simply looking like ash itself.
:AlexUNB: Err… wouldn’t that require that he-
>Jal also said Ragnar "wasn't the cleanest of men," to put it mildly.
:AlexUNB: Oh… then… um… I guess that’s possible where he got the ash color from, yes…
>Hey, comedy equals tragedy plus time.
:AlexUNB: Having a known mass murder of priests next to you is never funny… especially if you are a priest yourself!
:AnnaUNB: Aw, stop being so grumpy, grump.
:AlexUNB: I’m not grumpy! I’m reasonable!
>Regardless this train of thought isn't helpful when we still have a caravan to deal with and people to nab. We can deal with him being Ragnar or not after, and it might have been lies from the Wraith regardless.
:AlexUNB: Yeah, let’s put this whole monster from the past behind us, shall we?

>Could one of you mirror-check over where Anna and Brad were fighting and see if there's an undead human guy wearing a blue scarf thing. He's the only intact body that could hold a wraith that was in proximity to both Anna and Brad.
:AnnaUNB: I can’t seem to find any trace of demon magic around here…
:BradfordUNB: Not including the undead?
:AnnaUNB: Not including the undead, yes…
>Good work everyone. We killed two wraiths and only suffered one casualty, which was not a death. We can even reattach the arm!
:DrinaUNB: Yeah, good work team, but the real challenge is up a- ow!
:AlexUNB: Sit still, dammit!
>What's the time? How much longer do we have until the caravan is scheduled to arrive?
:DrinaUNB: About twenty minutes, give or take…
>We still have time before the real caravan arrives. Time to clear out the undead rabble, tidy up, and get back in ambush positions.
:DrinaUNB: Remember to rip out the hearts so we can burn them for good later.
:PaladinUNB: OH! Are you going to do it with your bare hands!? Are you!?
:BradfordUNB:
:AnnaUNB: Aw… Brad got a fan.
>Make sure to take out any who're unarmed from a distance since they probably have bombs on or in them; Brad's throwing axes would be good for this.
*Boom*
:AnnaUNB: HA! This is the most fun I’ve had in ages!!

>That's pain caused by a blessed weapon or item, right?
:AlexUNB: Exactly. That’s why Brad dispelled the illusions when he licked his hammer and not when he bit his tongue.
>Um... What? Anna, did you happen to leave a word or two out of that sentence?
:BradfordUNB: She meant he’s, not his. He’s a big softie.
:AnnaUNB: How did you even hear the difference between he’s and his…
>Anna, I think you should take Drina's sword for a while. It's blessed, and should de-corrupt you via use of it, just like how Bradford is with his hammer.
:DrinaUNB: No one touches my sword!
:AnnaUNB: Um… I don’t I can wield it even if she would let me. It’s a bit… too large…
>Brad, go pick up your helmet before you get on the quartermaster's bad side.
:BradfordUNB: Err… I can’t, It’s lost somewhere under a lot of snow an-
:VladUNB: Is everything alright down here? Oh, and Brad, I found your helmet. I think you might want to secure it better this time.
:BradfordUNB: …thanks.

>Alexandra, take a look at Anna's ankle.
:AlexUNB: She’s fine. She just got a bruise or two.
>Then see what you can do about the arrow stuck in Brad's behind.
:BradfordUNB: Pull it out already, so I can smack Vlad for shooting me in the butt!
:VladUNB: Hey, I saved your life!
:BradfordUNB: I had already hurt myself with a holy weapon!
:VladUNB: Oh… well… I didn’t know that?
:AlexUNB: Mistakes was made, not quit acting like babies already… hmm… err… this doesn’t really look… good…
>I'd kinda like to leave the painful blessed arrowhead or shrapnel in until the end of the mission as protection against wraith illusions and similar.
:AlexUNB: Um… no, this… it’s looks like… um… the iron parts is burning the flesh around it? I need to get that arrow head out as soon as I can! Prepare for surgery! I’m going into Brad’s behind!
:BradfordUNB: …mommy?
>...that's an idea. Bless shards of metal and surgically implant them in our troops. Wraith immunity!
:AlexUNB: That would be a terrible idea! If they were hurting you it means it’s damaging you. Having sharp metal bits inside you that hurts you is never a good idea.
>Also, could you go bind and immobilize Drina's just-reattached arm to her torso so she can't inadvertently use it.
:AlexUNB: I already did while we were discussing… um… whatever we were just discussing a minute ago.
>That holy blast was damn cool, Alexandra. Did it feel easier to cast than before? And was your healing magic easier to perform as well?
:AlexUNB: It’s always been easy to fire off my load, it’s harder to make it last for a long time.
:AnnaUNB: Ew… I didn’t know you had such a dirty mind, Alexa.
:AlexUNB: What? No, that’s- It’s just hard to control how much that comes. Everything kind of just… floods out into one… err… this is sounding more and more like weird dialog in an erotic book, isn’t it?
>Oh, and once Vlad, Brad, and Anna are nearby and we're sure there are no wraiths about: The secret code phrase use voices'll use to alert you if there's a wraith or something else altering what we're saying is "cheese wheel." Remember that.
:VladUNB: Cheese wheel… got it…



>We should probably switch over to Dooriya and tell her what happened since it'll be faster than sending someone back to report.
:PaladinUNB: So… do you want to go out somewhere af-
:DooriyaUNB: I already got a boyfriend.
:PaladinUNB: …oh… in that case… um… do you know if your sister-
:DooriyaUNB: She already got a girlfriend.
:PaladinUNB: Ah… wait, girlf-
:DooriyaUNB: And we’re both your superior officer. It’s against regulations to date between our ranks!
:PaladinUNB: Oh… err… sorry?
:DooriyaUNB: Sorry what?
:PaladinUNB: SORRY MA’AM!!
:DooriyaUNB: That’s better.
>Then we'll have her send the crossbowmen over to help clean up the approach to the west pass then take position on the hill.
:DooriyaUNB: (Oh, you’re back! Good! That means things went well, I gather? We’re just about done here ourselves, so I’ll head over to the others in a minute. As for the crossbowmen… two of them went with Drina and the last one went with Brad to take the hill.)
:PaladinUNB: I think that’s it… the “mine field” is done…

Insert I’m not so grump_
>>
No. 584470 ID: 2fd516