[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 553977)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 41599 unique user posts. View catalog

File 138824510005.png - (49.96KB , 2700x1458 , 1.png )
553977 No. 553977 ID: b3ca75

Old threads and Wiki: http://tgchan.org/wiki/Rust
Discussion: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/56976.html

Current Author: Kaktus, zombified potted desert vegetation.
Co-Author: Byarla, Lady of lust, Minor Eldritch horror from the third level of the nether world. (She is also the lady of paper clips, but she doesn’t like to talk about that.)

Note from the author: Braaains… brain brain braaains… braaaand braaains… also liveeeer…
Expand all images
>>
No. 553978 ID: b3ca75
File 138824520052.png - (32.52KB , 900x450 , 2B.png )
553978

:GuardRUST: Work harder, slave!
:TribalRUST: AAAh!!!

:AkenaRUST: Can’t you just freeze them all?
:DurachRUST: I’m not that good with ice magic. I can freeze some parts on one of them… maybe throw a few icicles. Why can’t we just send in the big northerners?
:AkenaRUST: They aren’t exactly quiet, you know. Besides, they’ll see them come running before they can get into melee range, giving them enough time to scream for the others. We need to take them out quickly and quietly or they’ll sound the alarm.
:DurachRUST: The ice men?
:AkenaRUST: The prince took them down the other tunnel. Hmm… If only they shouldn’t see us coming…

[You now have control over “The Shaman”!]

Insert With a nice glass of chianti and fava beans_
>>
No. 553981 ID: fd6ae9

>undead author with sex crazed elder god co-writer
...I'd complain, but honestly, it's not as if that doesn't fit.

>You now have control over “The Shaman”!
Oh hey, hello again! What's happening?

>Hmm… If only they shouldn’t see us coming
What if you used ice magic to put out the lanterns? That would allow you to surprise attack the slavers, and/or give the slaves the opportunity to turn on their captors (they do have those nice big picks...).
>>
No. 553982 ID: 87e6c2

Heey

Hey guy

Did you get me that goat heart I wanted?

Anyway, use some of those ice magics to snuff the first lantern, Kill the first guard, then repeat with the other two before they get too suspicious. If you're confident you can do it all at once, go ahead.

Aw man, that guy is totally chained to a dead body. That sucks.
>>
No. 553988 ID: 96b823

Greetings once again, Durach! It is us, the Spirits of Old, (or Voices of the Many, or whatever name you want.) We were blocked from you before by some jerkass, but he isn't nearby now, so we're back! So, how long were we away? We tend to lose track of time when moving around.

The obvious action here is to snuff out a lantern with ice magic. However, that's only if they're mundane, non-magical ones. If they use magical ever-burning flame or something like that then one going out would raise a lot of suspicion.

If it's clear to snuff a lantern, take out the nearest one. If the guard goes to climb that equipment rack behind him to reach the lantern, ice coat the sole of his boot as he does. That way he'll slip up and fall, leaving him open to attack. Then throw an icicle through the eye of each of the other guards, freezing the throat of any you miss so they can't yell for help.

As an alternative, I don't suppose you have enough magic power or control to inject expanding ice deep into the cracks of the rock over the nearest guard, breaking it loose and dropping it on his head? It wouldn't be suspicious, since falling rocks are a known hazard here, and it'd take out the lantern too.
>>
No. 553991 ID: 9b57d3

>>553978
Hi. Sorry about that doom and gloom prophecy stuff before, it turns out we don't really understand what's going on with the world yet. Unfortunately, diplomacy seems to have failed since the city-dwellers feel they have only just barely have enough water themselves so they can't give up the amounts requested. For true peace, we would need to find a better source of water or emigrate a significant portion of the population somewhere else. We know there are foreign lands- could the tribals simply sail off to a better place? As a last resort, a major portion of the population could be turned undead so that they no longer need water. It could even be a systematic thing, like once you're getting past the age where you're likely to have children, you would be required by law to undergo the undeadifying process.

I have a question though. You said you saw the Tears being used before. What were they used to do?
>>
No. 553993 ID: 96b823

>>553991
The tribes find necromancy abhorrent. I doubt they'd stand any nation who's has a large segment of the populace that's undead. Also I suspect it's not cheap or easy to raise someone as undead and still having their mind and sanity intact. And there's the whole having to kill them to raise them issue.

The Serath are using as much water as they can pump, most of it eventually ending up watering crops, and even that's not enough to cover their food. They have to import the rest, paying with what is mined up out of this godforsaken desert. The mines are the only reason the Serath can live the way they can.

It's a shame the Serath didn't put their wealth towards building pumps and aqueducts from the Marches to the south to irrigate the desert. From what we hear they're literally overflowing with water.

This does raise a question: Why have the tribes remained wandering this desert? There's metaphorical and literal greener pastures outside it. What reason keeps them here?

Oh, and how the heck can you guys live in the desert and not know that skrangs are blind and attracted to sound and vibrations? From what we've heard tribals die to skrangs a lot by trying to run from them.
>>
No. 553995 ID: 9ddf68

the thing I love best about slavers is no matter how many you kill you never really feel bad about it.

Can you ice out the lanterns on the walls? maybe make a ball of ice to throw behind them to make them look away from you?
>>
No. 554026 ID: b3ca75
File 138827694674.png - (27.19KB , 900x450 , 3.png )
554026

>Greetings once again, Durach! It is us, the Spirits of Old!
Oh? Oh! It’s you! I thought you had abandoned me…
>Did you get me that goat heart I wanted?
…what?
>Aw man, that guy is totally chained to a dead body.
Hmmm, most of the bodies wounds seems to be from being dragged on the ground… how long has that corpse been chained with the rest?
>how the heck can you guys live in the desert and not know that skrangs are blind and attracted to sound and vibrations?
…They do? I… I can’t believe… I… but… I need to spread the word! If this is true then… then…

>Why have the tribes remained wandering this desert? There's metaphorical and literal greener pastures outside it. What reason keeps them here?
Because everything that is greener is already claimed. The desert is dangerous enough and we do not have the strength to challenge both it and the ones holding the more fertile lands.
>Unfortunately, diplomacy seems to have failed since the city-dwellers feel they have only just barely have enough water themselves so they can't give up the amounts requested. For true peace, we would need to find a better source of water.
And thus why our quest is so important.
>It's a shame the Serath didn't put their wealth towards building pumps and aqueducts from the Marches to the south to irrigate the desert. From what we hear they're literally overflowing with water.
…yeah, about that… that’s kind of our fault. How would we have known that removing the key would make the very skies fall?
>As a last resort, a major portion of the population could be turned undead so that they no longer need water.
What!? WHAT!? That’s… that’s blasphemy! To keep the souls of the living from the loving care of the gods? Barbaric!
>You said you saw the Tears being used before. What were they used to do?
They are simply keys… keys to an magical vault containing a word… a word uttered by the old gods… the dead gods… a word of reality… a word of change.

>What if you used ice magic to put out the lanterns?
If anything, it would be a sufficient distraction.
:GuardRUST: Hey, what happened to the li- *Gurgle*
:GuardRUST: …Useros? Something wrong, old fri- *Gasp*

:TribalRUST: …we’re free?
:VildmanRUST: Humph, they didn’t even put up a decent fight.
:AkenaRUST: Keep snuffing the lights and we can keep this going all the way to the entrance.
:DurachRUST: I’ll do my best.

Insert Goal: Brutally murder all the slavers_
>>
No. 554031 ID: 53ba34

we only sorta have control on when we jump to a different person
>>
No. 554040 ID: dbe554

Sometimes our ability to see is ripped from us, as it is we think we know who is behind your leader. He is the same as us, but with a different goal in mind.
>>
No. 554044 ID: fd6ae9

>How would we have known that removing the key would make the very skies fall?
...care to elaborate on that? That sounds important.

>What!? WHAT!? That’s… that’s blasphemy! To keep the souls of the living from the loving care of the gods? Barbaric!
It's barbaric to keep souls in corporal form on the earth for a time until they perish and go to the gods?

...so why is it you stay alive at all? Why do you not kill yourselves and your children and return to your gods?
>>
No. 554055 ID: 87e6c2

>>554026
>…what?
Aw maaaan

>If this is true then… then…
...Then what? Are you going to cover one in armor plating and unleash it upon the world as 'plan s'?

>How would we have known that removing the key would make the very skies fall?
... part of me wants to believe nobody can fuck up that bad without some kind of forewarning, but I don't think you're THAT stupid.

>Word of change
Are you sure that's a good idea? You kind of have a REALLY BAD track record mucking around with items of great power.

What are the northerners doing here? Are they mercenaries?
>>
No. 554063 ID: 9b57d3

>>554026
That's an odd stance on necromancy for a skeleton. If the alternative is killing a major percentage of the population via the incoming war over the water, what would you choose? FYI after about 40 years undead go insane anyway so it's not like they're immortal. They will eventually have to pass on.

I kindof don't care about killing nameless guards, but if you see anyone dressed differently, try to knock them out instead of killing them. They could have useful information, and dead men tell no tales.
>>
No. 554069 ID: 96b823

We didn't abandon you; Our link was blocked by another spirit like us that was nearby. We suspect that it's attached to Esiros but aren't certain of it.

Ask one of the Northmen to break the ex-slaves' neck chains with a pickax. (I'd say just unlock them, but with the way that corpse was being dragged along I don't think there's a key down here.) Take the time to ask them what they know about what lies ahead. Then give the strongest of the lot the dead guards' weapons and tell them all to be quiet and bring up the rear.

>"...would make the very skies fall?"
...This event was in the first line of Esiros' book of prophecy. Hm... I wonder... Durach, could you tell us the first line of the prophecy that you know? And what's the origin in this world of the prophecy? Who was the first to receive it, and how?

>"To keep the souls of the living from the loving care of the gods? Barbaric!"
Uh... Durach, you do know the Serath release the souls of their undead after about fifty years, right? They don't just leave them bound forever to eventually lose their minds.

>"They are simply keys..."
And yet removing one from the Marches caused the weather there to change drastically. From that alone I'd say they're more than keys. Removing them will likely have consequences on the world both obvious and subtle.

>The Word of Change
But who in this world could wield a Word of the Gods and not have it end in disaster? And who could get it right on the first try?
>>
No. 554106 ID: 9ddf68

tell the slaves where they can get out of here and move on... Also what's our goal here, as in what is the point of clearing out the mine? we kinda just wondered into this halfway through, if you could tell us it would let us help you more.
>>
No. 554117 ID: b3ca75
File 138832761802.png - (32.06KB , 900x450 , 4.png )
554117

>what's our goal here, as in what is the point of clearing out the mine?
Too free as many as we can, too slaughter as many slavers as we can and take whatever they have of value.
>...Then what? Are you going to cover a Skrang in armor plating and unleash it upon the world as 'plan s'?
What? No! If I can get the word out then more people can survive the desert! Then we can take routes infested with Skrang that has been off limit before!
>What are the northerners doing here? Are they mercenaries?
They were… gifts. The king of the… um… I think he’s called vild männens kung… anyway, Mor’kay came with them, having formed some kind of alliance with the giants from the north… even though they have some kind of civil war up there about a false king and… err… it’s complicated, alright?

>That's an odd stance on necromancy for a skeleton.
Skeleton!? It’s a mask! I’m still alive dammit!
>It's barbaric to keep souls in corporal form on the earth for a time until they perish and go to the gods?
That’s not what I meant! When you get trapped in an artificial shell the dead walker will lose sight of you. In time, she will lose you completely, thus when you die you won’t be lead to the afterlife. Instead, you become a Daemon walking the earth, a creature of shadow able to possess others that have only have one purpose left, to spread as much destruction as it can.
>If the alternative is killing a major percentage of the population via the incoming war over the water, what would you choose?
I choose neither. We are hoping that the war will never happen. We only need them distracted.

>...care to elaborate on the sky falling part? That sounds important.
Rain, I think they call it… the big key… the lesser word… a fragment of the word buried here was keeping it at bay.
>Yet removing one from the Marches caused the weather there to change drastically. From that alone I'd say they're more than keys.
It wasn’t a tear, it was bigger. A lesser word required to open the vault. A lesser Rune.
>Durach, could you tell us the first line of the prophecy that you know? And what's the origin in this world of the prophecy? Who was the first to receive it, and how?
As the daemon horde march for the city of the heavens? I… it was one of several prophecies spoken by the elder of the sky watcher tribe. The others have already come to pass… but this one is the one that’s important. At least, that’s where we heard it for the first time…

:AkenaRUST: Ah, Eliros is already out here. Good. I was getting bored killing guards in the dark.
:ElirosRUST: You came just in time. We’ve found the family who owned this slave den… and we wete just about to butn them fot theit sins. All of them…
:SerathRUST: Daddy! No!
:SerathRUST: L-look away son… it w-will be over soon…
:UnknownKAK: *Waaah*
:ElirosRUST: And someone get that kid to shut up or I’ll thtow it in the fite fitst!

Insert Be very, very quiet. I’m hunting wabbits!
>>
No. 554120 ID: 9b57d3

>>554117
This is barbaric. I won't stand for it. Kill them if you must, for they deserve punishment in your eyes, but do not burn them alive like monsters. Ice-out the fire yourself if required. Actually, I have a better idea. Enslave the slavers. Poetic justice!

Or you could, you know, ask them who's responsible for the bad treatment of the slaves. Owners are not necessarily managers. Plus I doubt the child had anything to do with it. (also that's weird, the people in the portrait don't match anyone visible; they shouldn't be in the fire yet either)

Hey, you know "daemon horde" refers to your army, right? Have you ever actually SEEN a demon? In our experience with souls, and we have a lot of it, demons don't get created from necromancy, and undead souls are just like any other.
>>
No. 554122 ID: 76b151

The slaver I can understand. The kids? Not so much. Killing them will merely make you monsters and savages.
>>
No. 554126 ID: fd6ae9

You would murder children for the sins of their parents?
>>
No. 554127 ID: 87e6c2

No Durach, you are the demons.

You said you don't want mass death, but that's clearly bullshit if you're just going to burn people alive. You made the sky fall, burned cities to the ground and done god knows what else, and you expect us to believe that's a distraction? So you can find some word of god and probably make things worse again? You said you were on 'plan k', and I'm seeing a trend of mass death and destruction every time you put a plan into action. You're either so unbelievably incompetent it's a miracle the sand hasn't turned to glass, or you're doing this out of genuine malice. It's getting hard to tell.
>>
No. 554133 ID: 5869f6

>>554117
Do this and you will be conidered worse than a traitor or a rapist.

I already see you as scum for even concidering doing this.
>>
No. 554139 ID: b3ca75
File 138834557390.png - (21.09KB , 900x450 , 5.png )
554139

>No Durach, you are the demons.
Y-you can’t judge me by the action of my brethren. I… I never wanted this… I just wanted a future for my children, not… this!

:DurachRUST: Stop this at once, Eliros! Murder their children is just grotesque!
:ElirosRUST: Oh? But they murdet out… they slaughtet them and impale them on poles fot all the wotld to see. Do they not desetve this?
:DurachRUST: We deserve to be better than them! Listen to yourselves! You scream for blood, not justice! Let us not lower ourselves to their level just because we can! Instead… let’s make it poetic justice. We sell them as slaves.
:AkenaRUST: Yes… we should need the money for the war effort. Let’s cut out their tongues and sell them to the Keer in the east.
:DurachRUST: Wait, we don’t need to do that. Just bind their snouts. Even if someone figures out they are Seraths it will already be too late. They have already lost everything, so either they’ll stay as slaves or starve on the street.
:ElirosRUST: …Wete well. If that’s what the shaman wishes. Bind theit limbs; we’te taking them back to camp befote we send them away to be sold.
:SerathRUST: Oh, thank the gods!
:DurachRUST: …I’ll send my son, he knows how to haggle with the Keer.



:TeraRUST: Heh… whash do you do to a drunken raptor rider? …w-what do you… do?
:ThaarkRUST: Err… Tera? I think you have had enough.
:TeraRUST: P-put him in a looong boat… boat… boatboatboat until sober… heh…
:UnknownKAK: She only had a few ales, my good sir.
:ThaarkRUST: Quite a lightweight, huh? Time to go home to the temple, Tera.
:TeraRUST: W-what!? No? Thell punish me, dead Richard, I can’t go t-there… heh… I need to go with you, Richard… to take a look at your Richard… for science…
:ThaarkRUST: Tera, you’re drunk, I can’t-
:TeraRUST: I n-need to cut it off and then… open it up… and find… find… hehe… science inside…
:ThaarkRUST: …Remind me to never let you near a knife.

Insert The Ale is on sale because it’s a bit stale here at the scales and tails_
>>
No. 554152 ID: e3aff6

Ask why she can't go back to the temple.

Tera, you can't just go around impulsively dissecting every bit of science you find; that rules out future studies. Won't someone think of the future science?
>>
No. 554155 ID: dbe554

Man she's really into figuring out how your maleness work.

...Wait how would she even be able to see the results if she cuts it open.. Yessh bad images.

For now though you could just carry her around on a walk Because I doubt they want their students at the temple piss drunk.
>>
No. 554159 ID: 9b57d3

Anywhere you could take her where she won't embarrass herself for the next couple hours?
>>
No. 554163 ID: 0f1482

Well. It looks like you've got a silly drunk little priestess to look after then, if you can't dump here at the temple.

What's fun that wouldn't get her in a lot of trouble, or result in her hating you when she sobers up? (Or get her anywhere near a knife).
>>
No. 554169 ID: 96b823

'Sup, Thaark; It's us again. And "Richard?" Isn't the common slang name for male genitals "Johnson?" ...Oh, wait, "Dick" is short for "Richard." Never mind.

Well, "Richard," looks like you're going to be minding Tera until she sobers up, at the least. How about taking her for some strong coffee in the market and then a walk through the park? Oh, how about some music? There anyplace around known for its band?

I'd suggest you carry Tera on your excursion, since "staggering drunk" combined with "blind" doesn't sound like it'll end well while navigating the city streets.

And Tera, you already know who installed Thaark's junk is back at the temple. You can ask them how it works once you're in a state to return there; No dissection required.
>>
No. 554172 ID: b3ca75
File 138835756092.png - (25.87KB , 900x450 , 6.png )
554172

>Ask why she can't go back to the temple.
:TeraRUST: B-because being clean is punishable by window drunking duty… I hate drunking windows…
>Tera, you can't just go around impulsively dissecting every bit of science you find; that rules out future studies. Won't someone think of the future science?
:TeraRUST: B-but… but… science? SCIENCE!? Necromantic science sneers at your… your… err… logic… yea!
>Tera, you already know who installed Thaark's junk is back at the temple. You can ask them how it works once you're in a state to return there; No dissection required.
:TeraRUST: Oh right… it was count dickula down in the temple…
:ThaarkRUST: Varius down at the magic academy.
:TeraRUST: …that was what I said? Dick in achadama…

>Man she's really into figuring out how your maleness work.
:ThaarkRUST: (I was hoping her “experiments” would involve less sharp instruments and more beds, to be honest.)
>Anywhere you could take her where she won't embarrass herself for the next couple hours?
:ThaarkRUST: (Well, I do have an apartment I’m hiring with the rest of the team…)

>How about taking her for some strong coffee in the market and then a walk through the park? Oh, how about some music? There anyplace around known for its band?
:ThaarkRUST: Here we are… They have some really good coffee here in the park, right?
:TeraRUST: Mmm… don’t the birds sing beautifully…?
:ThaarkRUST: Hey, stop trying to move around so- err… are you alright?
:TeraRUST: It goes around and around and round and rrraaanddd- *BARF*
:ThaarkRUST: …Why didn’t I see this coming?

Insert *Barf* means I love you in dinosaur... at least the current iteration of dinosaurs_
>>
No. 554173 ID: 0f1482

>I was hoping her “experiments” would involve less sharp instruments and more beds
Compromise. Sharp instruments in bed.

>Why didn’t I see this coming?
Dunno. At least your mask kept it out of your face, but you should always carry drunks facing away from you.

Time to get cleaned up?
>>
No. 554177 ID: 9b57d3

>>554172
Yep time for a change of clothes. Take the drunk lady back to your apartment to do absolutely nothing sexual to.
>>
No. 554179 ID: 5ce288

Coffee won't actually help her. She needs water and time to shake off alcohol properly. Doubly so now that she's hurled.
>>
No. 554185 ID: dbe554

Well time to head back to your apartment. I would recommend you hold her head in a way that she's facign away from you.
>>
No. 554192 ID: b3ca75

>Compromise. Sharp instruments in bed.
…Sharp things and the bedroom don’t mix, m’kay? There is one part of my body that I want to keep free from scars, alright? What’s with you and sharp things? Have you been reading that deranged guide to the bedroom written by that crazy blond guy, ja?
>Yep time for a change of clothes. Take the drunk lady back to your apartment to do absolutely nothing sexual to.
She’s drunk and I got puke on me. Anything sexual is the last thing I’m thinking about.

>Coffee won't actually help her. She needs water and time to shake off alcohol properly. Doubly so now that she's hurled.
:TheenRUST: I can see the “date” is going well.
:ThaarkRUST: Shut it, Theen, at least I’m not flirting with a guy.
:TheenRUST: Oh, hush you…
:ThaarkRUST: …Are you alright? You’re sweating quite a bit.
:TheenRUST: I’m fine, really. I don’t get it, why do I have to be locked in my room while you guys have all the fun?
:ThaarkRUST: Doctors orders, Theen. That wound is infected, so you better take it easy for a while. And here, Tera, drink some water.
:TeraRUST: *Snore*
:ThaarkRUST: …or not.
:TheenRUST: Ah, love is in the air~
:ThaarkRUST: Shut it, Theen!
:TheenRUST: Oh, and “boss”? You do realize you were supposed to meet the caravan going back to Ilbir’s dig ten minutes ago, right?
:ThaarkRUST: …son of a-
:TeraRUST: *Snort*…
:TheenRUST: Don’t forget about Thuul either, “boss”.

Insert Then they fucked, the end_
>>
No. 554201 ID: 65788e

Ooooooh... Sorry about that Dude, but I'm guessing we can help you sweet talk your way through that, unless your plan calls for something else?
>>
No. 554205 ID: 9b57d3

>>554192
WHERE IS THE IMAGE KAKTUS

Run Thaark run!
>>
No. 554206 ID: b3ca75
File 138836812225.png - (20.99KB , 900x450 , 7.png )
554206

>WHERE IS THE IMAGE KAKTUS
Woops...
>>
No. 554211 ID: 96b823

Jeez. Is Theen always this snarky or is it just when he's laid up and not getting laid?

I'm sure you'd like to stay with Tera but I'm certain it's not worth the penalties from breaching the contract with Ilbir. Don't worry, we'll pop back to Tera once you're out of the city and explain what happened.

Stick the cup of water in Theen's hands, tell him to keep hydrated, take it easy... and to strip down so he doesn't overheat. (No joke.) And he better not be dead when you get back, 'cause otherwise he'll never hear the end of how much you spent to raise him.

Also, Theen really shouldn't be alone right now. He could easily take a turn for the worst and there'd be nobody to help him. We'll see if Tera can him a bed at the temple, or if Jericho can get him one up in the palace. At the very least we'll get them to check in on him regularly.

Run down to the caravan first to see if Thuul had a better grasp of time than you. If not then tell the caravan to hold as long as they can so you can collect your partner.
>>
No. 554256 ID: 87e6c2

Lizards can sweat? or catch fever, for that matter?

Ask him if he's really okay, and explain that if he dies on you, you'll bring him back from the dead just so you can kick his ass to the moon. If that changes his answer, tell him to take Tera and get help.

NOW MOVE GRAB YO CRAP AND MOBILIZE YO ASS
>>
No. 554441 ID: b3ca75
File 138849855172.png - (30.37KB , 900x450 , 8.png )
554441

>I'm guessing we can help you sweet talk your way through that, unless your plan calls for something else?
My plan is to get paid, and I’m not getting paid if I’m not doing my job!
>Lizards can sweat? or catch fever, for that matter?
Of course they get fevers. I mean, they aren’t like smaller lizards. And sweating… well… they don’t really sweat like humans do but… they’ll still excrete some moisture when they are sick.
>Theen really shouldn't be alone right now. He could easily take a turn for the worst and there'd be nobody to help him. We'll see if Tera can him a bed at the temple, or if Jericho can get him one up in the palace.
You’re right, he shouldn’t be alone… but as we aren’t actually citizen here we won’t be able to get a bed in the sick ward unless it’s critical. Can you guys talk with Jericho… or… whoever. Just get him a bed and someone to keep their eyes on him.

>Ask him if he's really okay, and explain that if he dies on you, you'll bring him back from the dead just so you can kick his ass to the moon.
:ThaarkRUST: -and I’ll break every bone in your body slowly if you dare die on me.
:TheenRUST: …are you asking me out on a date?
:ThaarkRUST: And I’ll make sure they bring you back without the ability to feel pain.
:TheenRUST: *Gasp* You monster! Cleary the winter goat will bring you coal this year
:ThaarkRUST: …wait, do they even have the winter goat up here? I mean, they don’t really have winter so… Anyway, don’t you freaking die on me, you lazy ass!

>NOW MOVE GRAB YO CRAP AND MOBILIZE YO ASS.
:UriRUST: And here comes the mercs… late as ever.
:ThaarkRUST: Thuul isn’t here either!?
:UriRUST: We’re going to start to move, with or without you. I’ll leave two raptors for you and your friend… if you aren’t with the caravan or in the camp by the time we get there, I’ll talk to Ilbir to dock your pay.
:ThaarkRUST: Right, the raptors would be faster than the caravan… and you’re going to take the long way around, right? So you’re protected from the sun?
:UriRUST: Just be there, Merc… Let’s get a move on, people!
:ThaarkRUST: …dammit, where’s Thuul?

Insert Thuul, motherfucker, Thuul!_
>>
No. 554445 ID: dbe554

Thuul wasn't even injured in that last attack, our senses are telling us this could either be bad...Or he might've just gotten drunk. Which should be rare considering he was the 'smart guy' focused on the mission.
>>
No. 554456 ID: 9b57d3

>>554441
We'll go fetch him. Uh, if we can speak directly to him. If not, we'll grab Jericho and have him try to find Thuul.

[switch to Thuul, or Jericho]
>>
No. 554459 ID: 1e9bd6

>switch to Jericho
Shouldn't he be kind of busy at the moment? Although I suppose we don't have many other options. The prince is with him, Thaark is busy, Iblir is out at the dig site, Tera's sleeping off her drunkenness, Pink hasn't let us connect to Elizah...

Dang. Looks like the only move is to be bedroom crashers.
>>
No. 554470 ID: b3ca75
File 138851863654.png - (17.18KB , 900x450 , 9.png )
554470

>He was the 'smart guy' focused on the mission.
Err… Theen is the smart guy… Thuul is… well, he isn’t really book smart, so to speak, but he’s the best wildlife expert I’ve ever met. He probably would be able to track a hamster over flat rock and survive being thrown out in the wild only with his clothes on his back… or without his clothes, even. Anyway, let’s just say he’s the one who fix all the nature stuff for us.
>Switch to Jericho, the prince is with him, looks like the only move is to be bedroom crashers.
…wait, Jericho and… the prince? I… what? Are they- you know what, I don’t care right now. Besides, if you can’t speak with Thuul directly you can always help me look for him. No need to disturb anyone’s horizontal dance, right?

>Switch to Thuul.
[You are trying to switch to a unit on your side that isn’t a pawn! Note: You can’t communicate directly with a non pawn unit; you can only influence them with emotions and weaker thoughts.]

:UnknownKAK: Can’t you two get a room, or do I have to call the guards thanks to indecency?
:UnknownKAK: *Ti-hi*
:ThuulRUST: Oh, maybe we should find something more private, my lovely lady~
:UnknownKAK: I know just the place… maybe there you can show off all those scars of yours~

Insert Chicks digs scars… right?_
>>
No. 554473 ID: d315b1

>>554470
Drag him away by the collar.

He is still wearing his shirt, right?
>>
No. 554474 ID: 1e9bd6

Looks like we're disturbing someone's horizontal dance after all.

>you can only influence them with emotions and weaker thoughts
Emotions: vague sense you're supposed to be somewhere else, nagging sense you've forgotten something, guilt, duty, friendship

Weak thought: isn't Thaark counting on you? And he's already down Theen...
>>
No. 554499 ID: 9ddf68

[spam the thought "wasn't I supposed to be doing something about now? Something work retaliated?"]
>>
No. 554503 ID: b3ca75
File 138853860055.png - (17.99KB , 900x450 , 10.png )
554503

>Emotions: vague sense you're supposed to be somewhere else, nagging sense you've forgotten something, guilt, duty, friendship.
:ThuulRUST: …wait…
:UnknownKAK: …what is it, cutie?
>[spam the thought "wasn't I supposed to be doing something right about now? Something work related?"]
:ThuulRUST: Oh shi- what time is it?
:UnknownKAK: It’s a quarter to noon, my good sir… now please get off my floor and give the lady her dress back.
:UnknownKAK: What’s wrong? I’m sure whatever you have planned can wait will we do a little tumble~
:ThuulRUST: Sorry, lady, but I got to run. Important business. I’ll look you up when I get back, you can bet your hot abdomen on that… I know where you work after all. Err… sorry… again… boss is waiting!
:UnknownKAK: Humph, men… they always have a headache when you’re in the mood…



:JerichoRUSTED: -and then tearing its way out through the ribcage… quite gruesome, right?
:ElirazRUST: No wonder your people are so afraid of becoming undead. Odd, we have some very similar myths about Daemons. They are the same with the whole possessing and coming out of the ribcage, but they aren’t spirit of the dead. They are… well, “words” of the old gods that still lingers… whatever that means.
:JerichoRUSTED: Words?
:ElirazRUST: Like magical letters… runes. There are a lot of ancient text describing the gods words carved unto stones as runes which supposedly should bring great power to whoever wielded them. Of course, the only one I’ve heard about from Ilbir is the four elements… water, fire, air and earth… and some lesser ones with the same powers.
:JerichoRUSTED: …wait, where does those shadow creatures come into the picture?
:ElirazRUST: Something about the lesser ones breaking and unleashing creature of shadows, tasked to destroy whatever they find. But enough talk about myth and legends… let’s just snuggle a bit before mother comes…
:JerichoRUSTED: …yea… that would be nice…
:ElirazRUST: Mmm…

[You know have control over your king “Pebble” and your queen “Theif”…]
[Some of your pawns have been upgraded to knights!]

Insert …they still have their clothes on? THEY STILL HAVE THEIR CLOTHES ON!?_
>>
No. 554504 ID: 2aba9f

*rings bell*
old habit from our last hosts-we'd ring a bell whenever we switched who we were following...
Sooo...
First off, Eliraz the thief is now a 'Queen' piece, apparently, and several pawns are now 'Knights'. I don't know what that means, and I'd like to find and ask Rose about it, myself.
>>
No. 554505 ID: dbe554

It's amusing that Eliraz is now a 'queen'. Apparently it views her as female..Or someone in drag, I'm not sure.
>>
No. 554506 ID: 9ddf68

you guys doing anything? We just stopped by to see if one of you could get a room for one of the mercs? You know the one who got shot in the knee, the mantis caption of there's was kinda bitching at us to do something like that so we'd thought we'd pass it along to you.

So other then that you guy's got anything planed? cause if so we can always help out or if it's something more private we can always bug someone else.
>>
No. 554508 ID: 1e9bd6

>king, queen, knights
...do any of these class upgrades come with improved stats, or new abilities?
>>
No. 554520 ID: 9b57d3

>>554503
Oh hey, we wound up with you guys for some reason. Looks like nothing major happened between you, that's good. Take it slow.

We have a little better of an idea of what we're working towards now. We need to find out everything possible about these "Words", because the tribal army is pursuing them as well. The tears are merely the tools they need to access them. The one tribal we have contact with means to use them for a good cause, but we cannot be sure their leader agrees with that. Also, we can't be sure accessing a Word is safe, yet. They sound to me like pillars of reality... I wonder if the "water" Word has been tampered with, and that's why this area is a desert. The solution may be that we should revert that tampering, and restore this land to the jungle it once was.
>>
No. 554551 ID: 96b823

*Play chime* Aw, you two are adorable together. ...Rather more clothed than I'd expected. Taking it nice and slow or did we get here a fair while after the "fun?" ...Did Eliraz show what he could do with his tongue?

Ah, and it looks like you both have been promoted by the game from pawns to king "Pebble" and queen "Thief," so congratulations! I hope it comes with more than just a title.

We promised Thaark that we'd get his buddy Theen a bed in the palace and someone to care for him until Thaark gets back from Ilbir's dig. He has a fever from an infected bolt wound to the knee so we'd like someone with medical skills. Perhaps Tera would fit? Eliraz, you think you could swing that for us?

Also, before Thaark we were with shaman Durach and gathered intel on Mor'Kay that we need to share with Elizah, Xaldin and the sultan. A small part of it is we've gotten visual confirmation that Esiros is alive, albeit in rough shape. The biggest part is that we now know what Mor'Kay seeks: The Word of Change, likely the most powerful of the gods' Words left in the world. And he needs the lesser Words of the key stones to unlock the Word of Change's vault.

...Dammit, that reminds me! Where's the key stone that Ilbir had? The one in his office. We need to secure it well ASAP so Mor'Kay's agents can't get to it.
>>
No. 554585 ID: b3ca75
File 138858719038.png - (17.98KB , 900x450 , 11.png )
554585

>*Play chime*
:JerichoRUSTED: Hmm?
:ElirazRUST: Just five more minutes…
>Aw, you two are adorable together. ...Rather more clothed than I'd expected. Taking it nice and slow or did we get here a fair while after the "fun?"
:JerichoRUSTED: (…well, it was fun but… we just kissed a bit and snuggled… nothing more than that.)
>...Did Eliraz show what he could do with his tongue?
:JerichoRUSTED: (He promised that he would show me tonight… something about “It’s a good thing your insides are self-cleaning” or something… I’m quite curious of what he’ll do.)

>It's amusing that Eliraz is now a 'queen'. Apparently it views her as female..Or someone in drag, I'm not sure.
:ElirazRUST: Wha- why does it-
:JerichoRUSTED: Maybe it’s like that game with the pieces you said you’ll teach me?
:ElirazRUST: …you mean chess? Yea… the queen is the important piece after the king… still, I don’t know if I should be offended or not.
>I don't know what that means, and I'd like to find and ask Rose about it, myself.
:ElirazRUST: That would probably be for the best, yes…

>We promised Thaark that we'd get his buddy Theen a bed in the palace and someone to care for him until Thaark gets back from Ilbir's dig. He has a fever from an infected bolt wound to the knee so we'd like someone with medical skills.
:ElirazRUST: If you want to, I should get him a bed in the medical wing of the palace. I can probably spin it that he’s an employee of Ilbir’s… or can just order them to do it. I am the prince, after all.
>Where's the key stone that Ilbir had? The one in his office. We need to secure it well ASAP so Mor'Kay's agents can't get to it.
:JerichoRUSTED: Both of them are in his office. We put the one he found in the ruins there as well. But how are we supposed to secure it?

>We have a little better of an idea of what we're working towards now. We need to find out everything possible about these "Words", because the tribal army is pursuing them as well.
:ElirazRUST: Hmm… we should ask Ilbir about it… or just go through his books.
>we were with shaman Durach and gathered intel on Mor'Kay that we need to share with Elizah, Xaldin and the sultan.
:ElirazRUST: Mother is supposed to come and get Jericho any moment now… so he can perform the rite of our family. You can talk to her the-
:SultanRUSTED: Jericho? Are you in there? It’s time…
:JerichoRUSTED: Speaking of the Skrang…
:SultanRUSTED: …why is the golem standing right in front of your bedroom door?

Insert Happy new year and stuff… also I got a fever… great way to start the year…_
>>
No. 554587 ID: dbe554

Tell Artemis if she really wants to come in she should knock, and not listen in for 'lizard mating rituals.' And we thought we were perverted!
>>
No. 554597 ID: 9b57d3

>>554585
Welp, time to get up and prove your lineage. You're gonna be busy so maybe we should switch to Ilbir.

Oh, and as for securing the tears, you could get Tera to prepare your body for storing items and put them in there. If you die the game is over anyway so we may as well put them with you. Oh! Or maybe Artemis has some storage compartments?
>>
No. 554604 ID: 1e9bd6

>why is the golem standing right in front of your bedroom door?
...the perversity of the inanimate.

>>554587
I'm not so sure they should feel comfortable making even a joke about mating rituals in front of Eliraz's mother.
>>
No. 554605 ID: b3ca75
File 138860532937.png - (2.56KB , 900x450 , 12.png )
554605

>Tell Artemis if she really wants to come in she should knock, and not listen in for 'lizard mating rituals.'
>I'm not so sure they should feel comfortable making even a joke about mating rituals in front of Eliraz's mother.
:ElirazRUST: (Nor would I feel comfortable having a sentient statue watching us while we… err… yea… that include you guys.)
>Oh, and as for securing the tears, you could get Tera to prepare your body for storing items and put them in there.
:JerichoRUSTED: (Great idea! That would keep them safe.)
>Maybe Artemis has some storage compartments?
:ElirazRUST: (…I don’t really trust her with… something as important as that. She is a bit on naïve side, after all.)
>Welp, time to get up and prove your lineage.
:JerichoRUSTED: So, what do I do?
:SultanRUSTED: You’ll simply have to follow me. As for Eliraz… well…
:ElirazRUST: Yes, I know, Only three people in the chamber and stuff… I got other things to do anyway, like finding that merc and getting him some medical attention. Hmm… I should be able to look up their residence in Ilbirs re-
:SultanRUSTED: Eliraz, my little gecko, you don’t have to tell everyone exactly what you’re about to do all the time.
:ElirazRUST: Sorry mother…
:SultanRUSTED: Oh, and meet us for a family lunch in an hour. We’ll probably have a new family member to celebrate by then.
:ElirazRUST: Of course, mother.



>You're gonna be busy so maybe we should switch to Ilbir.
:IlbirRUST: (W-where am I?)
:UnknownKAK: How much further is it? The small one is already waking up!
:IlbirRUST: (I remember… gas? Knockout gas?)
:UnknownKAK: Throw him off then, half men like him isn’t worth anything anyway.
:IlbirRUST: (Why can’t I see anything… I… I’m bound and gagged?)
:UnknownKAK: Off you go, Halfling!
:IlbirRUST: (OFF!! …sand…I hate sand…)
:UnknownKAK: If we hurry, Well sell these before supper! Ha!
:IlbirRUST: (…oh, great… left in the desert to die…)

Insert Because a vision softly creeping… left its seeds while I was sleeping…_
>>
No. 554606 ID: 1e9bd6

Hello again, Ilbir. You don't look to be in such a good spot. What happened, your dig was attacked, again? Your captors were talking about selling people, but that doesn't make much sense, since your people are supposed to be the slavers.

...I don't suppose you can loosen your bonds at all? Or see anything? Or have a knife or something useful hidden on your person?
>>
No. 554607 ID: 9b57d3

>>554605
Don't worry bro we got your back. If you can get your blindfold off somehow we can tell Thaark where you are and what the slavers look like.

A pity we can't see what you can't. I wonder if we could... just...
[remove the blindfold]
>>
No. 554608 ID: 96b823

*Play chime* Well, thankfully you have us to help you out. Sorry we came back later than you'd have liked, but it's not too late yet.

First, get that blindfold off. Lay down, press the back of your head to the sand and pull yourself along with your feet. That ought to drag the blindfold off. Try to get a look at the slavers for anything distinguishing before they're out of sight.

Next, your binds. How well tied are they? Are you hands bound in the front or back? Did they leave slack in the leg binds for you to walk? You got a knife or similar hidden on yourself you can reach? We'll figure out what to do from here.

So what happened at the dig site after Jericho left? Find anything more of interest? I'd ask about the slaver raid but I'm guessing it was so sudden you have no idea. I do hope Kranhon made it out alive, though.

So who in this desert has access to knockout gas and takes slaves? Other than the Serath, that is. We've heard of the Keer to the east buying slaves, but we don't know anything about them or their methods.

We have questions for you about the key stones/gods' runes/Words of the Gods and the vault of the Word of Change but we'll ask those in a bit.

Oh, and a bit of news: Turns out Jericho is very likely of royal blood, by way of Esiros. He's was going to take the Rite of Dragon Fire right before we came here. Good thing you sold him off when you did.
>>
No. 554609 ID: 9ddf68

... huh, what happened?

Oh if you want some good news the band of reinforcements are already on there way to your dig site so people will be able to figure out it was hit hard recently and send out a search party for you.

Also it sounds like you got captured by slavers... The fuck?
>>
No. 554611 ID: b3ca75
File 138861020207.png - (5.07KB , 900x450 , 13.png )
554611

>*Play chime*
Huh?
>...I don't suppose you can loosen your bonds at all? Or see anything? Or have a knife or something useful hidden on your person?
Oh, you guys… no, they took everything I had on me… I still have some fire magic, but I can’t cast it without seeing where I cast it… unless I want to burn myself, that is.
>First, get that blindfold off. Lay down, press the back of your head to the sand and pull yourself along with your feet.
There… we… GO!
>We can tell Thaark where you are and what the slavers look like.
…that I’m somewhere in a featureless desert? A great help that would be.
>That doesn't make much sense, since your people are supposed to be the slavers.
I’m pretty sure we aren’t the only one taking slaves… I’m pretty sure everyone uses slaves… I mean, even the tribe folk out in the desert captures slaves and sells them.

>Turns out Jericho is very likely of royal blood, by way of Esiros.
…well, shit, I hope he doesn’t hold a grudge, eh?
>So what happened at the dig site after Jericho left? Find anything more of interest?
…well, interesting to me… yes. Interesting to you… probably not.
>So who in this desert has access to knockout gas and takes slaves? Other than the Serath, that is.
Knockout gas is mostly used by the Serath out here… but it isn’t that hard to get your hands on it.
>We've heard of the Keer to the east buying slaves, but we don't know anything about them or their methods.
As far as I know the Keer doesn’t really hunt slaves, they let others do it for them. The Keer is famous for being a people of excellent traders, so they’ll pretty much trade in anything.
>We have questions for you about the key stones/gods' runes/Words of the Gods and the vault of the Word of Change but we'll ask those in a bit.
Well… ask away… I mean, I’m not really doing anything right now… except being lost…
>I do hope Kranhon made it out alive, though.
KRAN! Those sons of a rap- grah! I need to get out of this desert as soon as possible to make sure he’s alright! Now… how the hell do I survive out here?

Insert Walk left two screens, down three, drink from the oasis and walk three screens right to find the shoe that you need to throw on the cat to save the mouse so it can save you from the bandits. Easy, right?_
>>
No. 554612 ID: 9ddf68

I see something on the left sand dune in the distance, anything we need to worry about?

But yeah is the sun rising or setting? cause doesn't it rise in the east and set in the west? Unless this world is different, kinda get's hard to remember after a while. well by no means a prefect plan to getting the hell out of here it will at least give us some barrings.
>>
No. 554624 ID: 1e9bd6

>I hope he doesn’t hold a grudge, eh?
Nah.

>need to get out of here
Do you have an approxiate idea of the time of day? If so, the sun can roughly tell you compass directions (uh, ignoring the fact you live inside a cylinder with some kind of artificial say / night cycle).

Do where your dig site was with respect to other landmarks? If you know the direction of the nearest settlement, that's a good direction to start in.

...or there's always following your captors' tracks back to the ruins before the wind erases them.
>>
No. 554630 ID: 96b823

Well, first take a look at those two specks on the dune to your right. If those are approaching then it's very likely they're Thaark and Thuul on raptorback. They missed the caravan and had to take raptors, but that meant they took the short way to the dig site. They very well could have arrived there already and Thuul used his crazy good tracking skills to follow the slaver's trail to here.

But if that's just the slavers heading away then the best chance you have to survive is to follow the slaver's trail back towards the dig site while it's still obvious, then stop when it's no longer obvious. We'll switch back to Thaark and tell him to rush to the dig site. Wait and Thuul will hopefully eventually find you.

>"I hope he doesn't hold a grudge, eh?"
No worries on that front. He doesn't even have a grudge against Kranhon or Uri for their parts in his death. Holding grudges just isn't in him, as far as we can tell.

Now, about the Words. Would it be a bad idea to hide the two that you've collected within Jericho? Because putting ancient possibly half-broken godly runes in close proximity to his magic blazing core strikes me as something that might go really, really wrong.

How likely is it the Words/runes/key stones that we've seen so far are broken and if activated would catastrophically fail?

Next, we've gotten intel that Mor'Kay is after an extremely powerful Word; The Word of Change. He's collecting the key stones/lesser Words to unlock the vault the Word of Change is in. And from what we've heard so far it's likely that vault is under Sidus'bis, in the ancient crypts. Now, with what you know, how much of this is possible?

Oh, and the flooding in the southern Marches is happening because Mor'Kay's men removed a big key stone from there. That sound likely to you?
>>
No. 554639 ID: dbe554

Can you see a trail? If they dragged you along they might have some left some obvious tracks.
>>
No. 554650 ID: 9b57d3

>>554611
Okay, see the direction the slavers are going? Walk the opposite direction. That should take you back to your camp. If you can make out their trail then follow that, that's a bit more accurate.

Okay, here's the deal. The tribal army is tracking down the tears in order to use them to access Words. Our contact wants to use them to change the world for the benefit of everyone, but I'm not sure their leaders agree with that sentiment. They seem rather bloodthirsty. Also, I'm not sure it's even safe to use the Words at all! So. Tell us what they do.
>>
No. 554652 ID: b3ca75
File 138862242127.png - (24.17KB , 900x450 , 14.png )
554652

>Can you see a trail?
Hmmm… there it is… no wait, it’s over there… or… not… stupid wind.
>Do you have an approxiate idea of the time of day?
…it’s noon. I was just about to have lunch when they ambushed us.
>If you know the direction of the nearest settlement, that's a good direction to start in.
Geography isn’t my strong point, alright.
>We'll switch back to Thaark and tell him to rush to the dig site. Wait and Thuul will hopefully eventually find you.
The caravan would have left the city just a few minutes ago… and it takes at least three hours just getting to the dig. I’m not going to survive three hours in this sun without shelter and water so he can use those super tracking skills you claim he has and track me to whatever shelter I find.
>I see something on the left sand dune in the distance, anything we need to worry about?
It looks like… raptors? Without riders? Wild raptors! The gods bless me, if there are wild raptors here roaming out in the middle of the day there has to be water nearby! I’ll have to take a closer look…

>Now, about the Words. Would it be a bad idea to hide the two that you've collected within Jericho?
…err… I think you mean the key stones, not words. The key stones are simply keys, nothing else. Wait, how do you know about the words? Those things are supposed to be really obscure… mostly because the other scholars don’t accept my scripts about them, claiming they are mere legends.
>How likely is it the Words/runes/key stones that we've seen so far are broken and if activated would catastrophically fail?
Well… rather big. Of course, just letting them be is probably just as dangerous.
>The Word of Change.
…Either you have misunderstood this morky fellow or he’s and idiot. There isn’t a word of change. The words themselves change reality, but there isn’t one for change itself. There’s only supposed to be four of them… fire, water, air and earth.
>From what we've heard so far it's likely that vault is under Sidus'bis, in the ancient crypts. Now, with what you know, how much of this is possible?
Hmmm… I’ve actually never considered that. According to some text I’ve found, the rune of fire is supposed to be located somewhere around here. Personally, I’ve always thought it was buried somewhere in the east, in the Keer dynasty… but having it located in the capital would be plausible… except I’ve already examined those ruins several times without finding anything of interest.
>Tell us what they do.
Depend on the word. They basically controls the element they speak… if you know how to use the correctly that is. Most of the text refers the carrier of the runes as extremely powerful magic users, not reality warpers.
>The flooding in the southern Marches is happening because Mor'Kay's men removed a big key stone from there. That sound likely to you?
Roving a key stone wouldn’t do something like that… but… I’ve read about lesser words that would be needed to open the gate to the real runes… if you removed one of those... hmmm… wait, I can see something up ahead.

:UnknownKAK: Grr…
:IlbirRUST: (…well, the good news is, raptor aren’t terrible interested in living humans and as I said before, their presence would indicate water nearby. The bad news is… whatever killed that Skrang did so from the inside and… it’s rather fresh… not even an hour old…)

Insert Tonight we dine on Skrang soup!_
>>
No. 554655 ID: dbe554

Well if worst comes to worst, you can rest in the shade of a giant corpse.
>>
No. 554659 ID: 9ddf68

... huh, Well the only person we've seen who got eaten lately was that one dumbass that attacked you not to long ago, so watch out for him. Before you say how unlikely that is just know we go by the principle hope for the best, expect the worst. Anyways, to the water... and get your fire spells ready... and remove your damn bindings if you haven't already, you said you could burn them off if you could see and I notice how you're not wearing that blind fold anymore.
>>
No. 554665 ID: 1e9bd6

Uh... didn't your annoying rival, what's his face get eaten by a Skrang? That doesn't bode well.

...I don't suppose wild raptors are particularly easy to tame? Or that you have any skill in raptor taming?
>>
No. 554683 ID: 96b823

Look over to the top of the ridge to your right. I spy seven spots sticking up there that don't look like part of the rock formation. You think it's people or wildlife?

I have an indirect way you could burn your hand binds. You'll need something small that has a lot of thermal mass; A rock or possibly a piece of skrang carapace or bone. Try to find one shaped so you can press just your hand binds against it and not your hands. Focus fire on it until its glowing hot then press your binds against it until they burn.

Look around the skrang corpse for blood trails. Whatever killed the skrang would have come out soaked in blood and ichor, so unless it flew away that'd mean the biggest blood trail was from it. Obviously you do not want to go that way. And if it flew away... Just really, really hope it didn't fly away, okay.

I think all you can do to try and find the water is wait in the shade of the skrang until the raptors eat their fill and leave then follow them. That is unless raptors make dens with their young near water sources and bring food to them. 'Cause in that case you ought to watch for a raptor carrying away a chunk of skrang then follow that one.

>"...morky fellow..."
Oh, sorry, thought you knew of him. Mor'Kay is the "Daemon of the North," warlord of the tribal horde that burned Necranest to the ground.

>"Wait, how do you know about the words?"
We first heard of them from shaman Durach, Mor'Kay's right hand man, when we were shifted to Durach. That's how we know Mor'Kay is after them. Looks like the tribes might know more about the legends than you do.

>"...carrier of the runes as extremely powerful magic users..."
Like, for example, an antipodian mage?

Okay, thanks to Ilbir's clarification it appears Mor'Kay is collecting lesser Words to open the vault of at least one greater Word. And with the way he's been pushing for Sidus'bis he's certain there's one or the other under it.

Hey, Ilbir, you've been in the crypts a lot. How far do the tunnels go out from under the city? And how likely would it be that a force could infiltrate Sidus'bis if they knew how to navigate them? Oh, and have you been down in the royal crypts?
>>
No. 554684 ID: 9b57d3

>>554652
They removed a lesser Rune, not a key stone. Also, they have the lesser word of "rain", I think. Do you know where the word/rune of Water is?

Try cutting your bindings with the Skrang's claws. Or teeth.
>>
No. 554734 ID: b3ca75
File 138867717954.png - (24.93KB , 900x450 , 15.png )
554734

>Try cutting your bindings with the Skrang's claws.
And I’m free! …free to thirst to death in the middle of a desert… yay…
>...I don't suppose wild raptors are particularly easy to tame? Or that you have any skill in raptor taming?
I’m pretty sure they have to be born in captivity to be able to ride them… and you aren’t supposed to get close to wild raptors. Those things are dangerous if you piss them off.
>Look over to the top of the ridge to your right. I spy seven spots sticking up there that don't look like part of the rock formation. You think it's people or wildlife?
…are those… fires? There’s some kind of settlement out there? Hmm… I can’t remember anyone building anything out here… and I don’t know of any tribes this far east… hmmm…
>Didn't your annoying rival, what's his face get eaten by a Skrang? That doesn't bode well.
…but how did he blow up the chest of the Skrang from the inside? Hmm…
>Look around the skrang corpse for blood trails. Whatever killed the skrang would have come out soaked in blood and ichor…
There is more than one blood trail… it seems that the raptors have left one leading to the cliff side over there… and there’s a bigger one going parallel with the cliffs. I’m not sure, but I think there’s a harbor city owned by the Keer in that direction… if these are the cliffs I think they are.

>You ought to watch for a raptor carrying away a chunk of skrang then follow that one.
They seems to follow the smaller blood trail leading to the cliffs… they aren’t really trying to hide themselves, it seems. Let’s follow…
>Hey, Ilbir, you've been in the crypts a lot. How far do the tunnels go out from under the city?
They never leave the mountain the city stands on.
>Have you been down in the royal crypts?
More than once, yes. Place is filled with all kind of arcane guardians and the like. It really is a treasure throve of old relics.
>They have the lesser word of "rain", I think.
Rain? Never heard of rain… I’m pretty sure the lesser ones are the same as the large ones… just weaker.
>Do you know where the word/rune of Water is?
Water is somewhere on the other side of the great sea, on the eastern continent. Earth is supposedly also somewhere on that continent. Air, on the other hand, is supposedly located somewhere in the cold north. Ah! Speaking of water… Water! And shade! Perfect! And the raptors are keeping their distance too! Marvelous!

Insert Storm, earth and fire, heed my call!_
>>
No. 554736 ID: 76b151

Oh hey, I see something that looks rather lizard like to your left. Maybe its another inactive golem. Try feeding it some magical energy.
>>
No. 554738 ID: 72abbb

The raptors might be keeping their distance because of something deadly. DO Not drink yet and carefully check the plant nearby. Could be a golem or corpse of someone who died here
>>
No. 554742 ID: 1e9bd6

>And the raptors are keeping their distance too! Marvelous!
Wait. Why are the raptors keeping their distance from what appears to be a perfectly good source of water? Maybe you should be cautious here. Maybe they know something you don't.
>>
No. 554755 ID: 96b823

The question is: Why are the raptors staying back? Is it just 'cause of you, is something else here spooking them, or is the water bad?

Back away and wait for the raptors to take a drink first to check whether it's just you they're avoiding and if the water's good.

Are those little red things flowers or fungus? No need to worry about the flora here, right?

There appears to be what looks like a lizard head covered in moss on the rock behind you. Might be a golem head, a statue head, or it might be a camouflaged tribal hiding behind the rock. Glance behind you to check and be ready to run through the pool.

>"…but how did he blow up the chest of the Skrang from the inside? Hmm…"
Aviris had a spirit like Shadow or spirits like us guiding him. Maybe they saved him? Doesn't explain why they waited so long. And wouldn't Aviris have suffocated soon after being swallowed anyway? He should be extremely dead by now.
>>
No. 554758 ID: 9b57d3

It may have been a different Skrang which ate something powerful. Or someone powerful hunted down the same Skrang and dove in to recover the corpse.
>>
No. 554768 ID: b3ca75
File 138869434321.png - (24.86KB , 900x450 , 16.png )
554768

>Are those little red things flowers or fungus? No need to worry about the flora here, right?
They are called… err… something… um… I’m not really good at flower names but I do know that they aren’t dangerous.

>Oh hey, I see something that looks rather lizard like to your left.
Hmmm… yes, it looks like a liz-
:UnknownKAK: Greetings Scholar.
:IlbirRUST: AAAH!!!
:UnknownKAK: Your arrival have been written in the stars.
:IlbirRUST: …right, who are you, what are you, what do you want, why do you have flowers growing all over you, do you like long walks on the beach and can I take a piss in this water?
:UnknownKAK: …I’m the elder of the tribe near here, I’m here to deliver a message, the flowers are simply camouflage… we use them to steal the eggs from the raptors, no and I’m pretty sure the raptors would be pissed that you defiled their drinking water.
:IlbirRUST: So… it’s clean?
:UnknownKAK: It’s clean enough for you.
:IlbirRUST: …and the message?
:UnknownKAK: Here, take this package with you… and don’t open it, alright?
:IlbirRUST: …you expect me to listen to some crazy lady… err… old man who gives me a strange package?
:UnknownKAK: ...you know, it was a lot easier in the old days… then you just told the youngsters it was dangerous out there and then gave them a sword. “poof” problem solved, world saved… but now? You guys are questioning everything! Stop it, Ilbir, stop it! Just do what you’re told and get that package to the person who needs it!
:IlbirRUST: …you didn’t really convince me with that mad ranting, you know. If anything I’m inclined to believe in what you said even less. You haven’t even told me who it’s for!
:UnknownKAK: Geez, the youth today… that’s it, I’m leaving.
:IlbirRUST: Hey, wai- …where did you go? Hello? …but what’s in this package? Stupid weird people with their weird… oh gods, this places is full of hallucinate inducing fungus, isn’t it? Any minute I’ll start to see pink raptors or something… any minute now… any minute… come on… bah… I blame the heat from the desert sun.

Insert Go for the no sword run, chump_
>>
No. 554769 ID: ce2306

okay. We drink the water then, since it is safe, apparently. And how to survive...Easier said than done, but the flowers might be edible? I think as long as the Raptors don't come after you I think we're in the clear, more or less.
>>
No. 554773 ID: 9b57d3

>>554768
He knew your name without being told it. Interesting. Don't open the package. It's probably for Jericho.

Can you eat Skrang meat? You have fire magic so you can cook it. If so then I suppose you're all set. If not... well, you could follow the other trail to whatever burst out of the Skrang. Could be dangerous though. I'd rather we waited until help arrives, and with shelter and water you'll be okay for a few days at least. It takes quite a while to starve to death.

If you're fine for now we'll switch to Thaark to try to track you down.
>>
No. 554774 ID: 87e6c2

Is there something hidden behind that rock?

Players apparently have abilities they can use, like when that mantis got frozen. Players except us, that is. It's possible that whats-his-face was a pawn and was either saved by a player, or the player used him as a bomb and killed the Skrang out of spite. It's also possible he used a magic item that backfired. Or maybe it worked just fine. Point is he's a huge pain in the ass and that means he's not likely dead because we can't have nice things.
>>
No. 554775 ID: 96b823

Can't blame the sun when you're in the shade, and can't deny the package when it's in your hand. Sorry, Ilbir, but you're not hallucinating.

Ilbir, I think you just met the elder of the Sky Watcher tribe. Durach mentioned to us that the tribes' prophecy came from this elder, and we overheard from Jericho that they lived to the east and kept hidden. We also heard from Jericho that the elder is a hermaphrodite, so that'd explain why you couldn't tell if the elder was male or female.

The elder also knew your name, and that you're a scholar... But not just "scholar." "Scholar." Capitalized. Same as the name we were given for you when we first linked to you. The elder knows you're with us.

Don't open that package. I'm almost certain it's meant for Jericho. You're probably wondering why, so I may as well tell you now: Jericho is an antipode mage. He can wield both fire and ice magic. And he's our "king" piece. That makes him the most likely recipient.

You have no container to carry water in, so you're pretty much stuck here. You have fire magic so you could cook the skrang meat for food. Just sit tight and we'll jump over to Thaark and lead him here.
>>
No. 554777 ID: 9ddf68

is there a name or something on the package telling you who to give it to? other then that, Where do you think you are? It sounds like you have an idea and we could point the mercs or anyone else really in the right direction for you.
>>
No. 554779 ID: b3ca75
File 138870346333.png - (10.83KB , 900x450 , 17.png )
554779

>Is there something hidden behind that rock?
Oh! Behind the rock is… a rock wall! How fascinating…
>Ilbir, I think you just met the elder of the Sky Watcher tribe.
…a tribe? Here? Never heard of them… hmm…
>The elder also knew your name, and that you're a scholar... But not just "scholar." "Scholar." Capitalized.
…wait, how do you guys know that she… he… it capitalized that word? I mean… she didn’t pronounce it in a weird way or anything…
>Don't open that package. I'm almost certain it's meant for Jericho.
…right, if you say so…
>Jericho is an antipode mage.
…I’m pretty sure that’s physically impossible.
>You have fire magic so you could cook the skrang meat for food.
Well… Skrang is a bit… it is eatable but… let’s just say I rather go hungry for a few hours. I should find some roots to make fire with though…
>We drink the water then, since it is safe, apparently.
Too bad it’s such a shallow pool, otherwise I would dive right in…



>If you're fine for now we'll switch to Thaark to try to track you down.
:ThaarkRUST: Come on, hurry! We’re almost at the camp!
:ThuulRUST: Look boss! Trouble!
:ThaarkRUST: Oh great… please don’t tell me our pay check is in trouble again…

Insert The redshirt… won? What?_
>>
No. 554780 ID: 9ddf68

nay your checks fine, he did get misplace though, We know he's next to a shallow spring up near some cliffs, sounds like he may be around a Keer harbor city. Just look for a dead skrang that had it's chest burst open and you'll know you're in the right spot. Oh and it was slavers who attacked the camp if you're wondering.
>>
No. 554790 ID: 9b57d3

>>554779
Slavers attacked, they took Ilbir for a ride, he's taking shelter at a cliff where a Skrang died- something it ate burst out of its stomach- and some raptors are eating it. He'll be fine for a while as he's got food shelter and water, but we're assuming whatever escaped the Skrang doesn't find and kill him.

Be careful, this guard might be a slaver in disguise. Verify his identity first.

Oh, and find out if Ilbir's mantis friend is okay, would you?
>>
No. 554791 ID: 1e9bd6

>Insert The redshirt… won? What?
Ask the survivor what happened, obviously.
>>
No. 554793 ID: 96b823

*Ding-dong* Your paycheck is in trouble, again. ...Sorry. Thankfully he's in much less trouble when we left him than when we jumped to him.

Anyway. Slavers raided right before lunch, striking with knockout gas. Ilbir was taken along with I don't know how many others. They dumped him in the desert as he woke up since apparently dwarfs sell for shit. Odd they even took him in the first place, but whatever.

With our help he spotted some wild raptors, followed them to a very recently killed skrang, then on to a small spring in an alcove in a cliff. Last we saw he was gathering roots to make a fire. He shouldn't be far, since it was noon when he was dumped and the slavers struck right before lunch.

Uh... You should also know that the skrang was killed by something that burst out of its throat. Thankfully the blood trail indicated it headed parallel to the cliff, away from Ilbir's position. Ilbir thinks it went towards a Keer harbor city, but geography isn't his strong suit.

I'm wary of this guard. Hang back and ask for confirmation that he's legit. Something from your time at the dig site you and the guards would both know will do. If he checks out ask him what happened while checking the corpses for anything that might point to where they sell their slaves.

Find out if Kranhon is alive, dead, or captured. 'Cause if Kranhon has been captured then as soon as you reach Ilbir he's going to be hell bent on rescuing his love-bug.

Also, when Ilbir was dumped, we overheard the slavers say if they hurried they'd sell the rest before supper. Where around here could they reach on raptor in time to do that?
>>
No. 554876 ID: b3ca75
File 138876305649.png - (16.95KB , 900x450 , 18.png )
554876

>*Ding-dong*
A dong with a what?
>Slavers attacked, they took Ilbir for a ride, he's taking shelter at a cliff where a Skrang died, near a Keer harbor city.
…I hope we get a bonus for saving him.
>We overheard the slavers say if they hurried they'd sell the rest before supper. Where around here could they reach on raptor in time to do that?
Hmm… well, whoever caught them aren’t going to sell them back to the Serath… so… wait, you said there was a Keer owned city close by? That has to be it… dammit, where is Theen when you need his brain?

>Be careful, this guard might be a slaver in disguise. Verify his identity first.
:ThuulRUST: I recognize him, boss. He’s one of the guards Ilbir had with him. We played some cards together.
:ThaarkRUST: You recognize this faceless goon?
:GuardRUST: Hey, I’m showing more face then you do!
>Ask the survivor what happened, obviously.
:GuardRUST: We were ambushed by savages being led by one of those giant humans from the north. They successfully used a gas bolt to incapacitated everyone but me and being vastly outnumbered I could only flee. These two savages came after me, was able to kill my mount with two crossbow bolt but their savagery didn’t stand a chance against my superior training.
>Find out if Kranhon is alive, dead, or captured. 'Cause if Kranhon has been captured then as soon as you reach Ilbir he's going to be hell bent on rescuing his love-bug.
…wait, Love bug!? They’re… I… are you serious? I knew they were close but… not that close!
:ThaarkRUST: So… what happened to the mantis?
:GuardRUST: The lieutenant? I do not know. I have no idea what happen to anyone back there… I ran away, remember?
:ThaarkRUST: Right… let’s check out the dig, then.



:ThaarkRUST: Well, this is a bit… macabre.
:GuardRUST: That’s odd… they have been looking through all our stuff, but they only took some water?
:ThuulRUST: I found some tongues, boss! A mantis tongue and a lizard tongue!
:ThaarkRUST: Tongues? I’m guessing they cut them out before they sell them… wait, how many people were here when the attack happened?
:GuardRUST: Me, two of those sell swords clad in blue, Ilbir and the lieutenant.
:ThuulRUST: Hey, boss, look! The caravan is coming!
:ThaarkRUST: Oh great… I bet that Captain Uri somehow finds a way to blame this on me...

Insert Clearly, they are simply helping. I mean, have you ever seen a more effective scarecrow?_
>>
No. 554877 ID: 9b57d3

>>554876
Great, we're gonna have to reattach those tongues later. Thank goodness for advanced necromancy, eh?

Wait for the caravan to get here, then we take a few guards with us to retrieve Ilbir and track down the slavers.
>>
No. 554880 ID: 9ddf68

why would she, I mean you have a surviving guard with you? But yeah wait till she get's here and fill her in.
>>
No. 554899 ID: 96b823

Show initiative and bring the guard over to Captain Uri right away. Both of you can lay out what happened here. And if the captain tries to lay any blame on you point out that Ilbir was the one who gave the orders to stay behind with such a small guard contingent, not you.

Are northmen uncommon in the desert? 'Cause if they are then I'm nearly certain it was warlord Mor'Kay's men that struck here, since Mor'Kay has northmen on his side "gifted" from a northern king. No doubt they were here looking for the key stone that was taken back to the city.

It'll be easy to convince the captain Ilbir and the others were taken to be sold as slaves, but we're gonna need a lead on a direction for her to follow. She's not going to take just your word for which way to go. So ask Thuul to start looking for the attacker's trail; Even if he doesn't find one he could lie for us.

Also, the captain likely knows this area, so ask where the nearest non-Serath slave market is. Maybe that'll narrow it down to just one destination.

I'd like to keep the tongues for possible necromantic reattachment, but the only way out here to preserve them I can think of is to pack them in salt. Would being half-jerky by the time they could be reattached make them unacceptable?
>>
No. 554905 ID: b3ca75
File 138878479291.png - (9.59KB , 900x450 , 19.png )
554905

>Are northmen uncommon in the desert?
Kind of… but one riding with the “savages”? Unheard of!
>No doubt they were here looking for the key stone that was taken back to the city.
Hmm… that would explain what they are doing this close to the capital…
>I'd like to keep the tongues for possible necromantic reattachment…
:ThaarkRUST: Theen, put the tongues in the cooled bag so we… wait… oh right… dammit! I keep forgetting he isn’t here.
:GuardRUST: We have an enchanted cold box where we store the food and water… will that work?
:ThaarkRUST: It will work for now.
>Ask Thuul to start looking for the attacker's trail; Even if he doesn't find one he could lie fo-
:ThuulRUST: They were heading east…
:ThaarkRUST: …wait, how did you-
:ThuulRUST: They didn’t stop the bleeding from the cut tongues properly. There’s a faint blood trail leading that way… and I can see some raptor droppings in that direction.
:GuardRUST: East? There’s a Keer owned town to the east. Maybe they are going there to sell them as slaves?

>Show initiative and bring the guard over to Captain Uri right away. Both of you can lay out what happened here.
:GuardRUST: -and then I dispatched the savages with all due haste, sir!
:UriRUST: …hmm. Well then, we need to go and save them as soon as possible. Merc, it was your duty to protect him so you’re the one responsible to save him.
:ThaarkRUST: He ordered me to go ba-
:UriRUST: He’s the one paying you. If you want your money then go and save him. I will give you two guards to assist you with this, but I don’t want to see you return without the palace Dapir or information about his whereabouts. Do you understand, you honorless slob?
:ThaarkRUST: Geez, you should really remove that stick you have shoved up your butt.
:UriRUST: Just get out of my sight, before I cut off more parts from you.
:ThaarkRUST: I’m going, I’m going… by Jove, you accidently kill someone and they never forgive you…

>Take a few guards with us to retrieve Ilbir and track down the slavers.
:ThuulRUST: You said they dumped Ilbir, right? I think it was somewhere around here. I found a bit of fabric with some saliva on it lying in the sand, just a few hours old… and I can smell some kind of animal blood nearby… the skrang that you told me about?
:ThaarkRUST: Hmm… how far is it to that Keer city?
:GuardRUST: Just half an hour, “sir”.
:ThaarkRUST: So they’ve probably been sold by now… dammit, I really need Theen right now… he’s the one with all the contacts and stuff… I would probably been able to find them in the city…

Insert You don’t miss them before you have lost them_
>>
No. 554907 ID: 9ddf68

so are we going for the midget first since we actually kinda know where he is? I mean he seemed familiar with the Keer, and he's the sultan's right hand man, I bet he would have some contacts that could help us. If not we still save the guy who's paying us, er you...
>>
No. 554911 ID: 9b57d3

>>554905
We could switch to someone back home to talk to Theen for you, so you know how to find the contacts. What's the name of the Keer city? May as well fetch Ilbir in the meantime, he might come in handy.

Hmm. How long has it been since the camp was attacked? Jericho might still be busy, Tera is probably still sleeping off her drink... ah, Eliraz should be free. We can switch to him to talk to Theen.
>>
No. 554914 ID: 96b823

Okay, head to the skrang, follow the blood trail to the cliff, get Ilbir, then head towards the Keer town. We'll switch back to Eliraz and have him ask Theen for his contacts and stuff there, then pop back to you.

We'll need to know the name of the town or roughly where it is before we go, though. Also, is there something Eliraz could tell Theen so he'll trust him enough to share the info?

Oh, and we forgot to mention this earlier: Eliraz got Theen a bed in the palace medical ward. He should be well cared for until you get back, so don't worry about that.

>"...you accidentally kill someone and they never forgive you..."
...So that's how you lost your legs and hand? Damn, that's some harsh punishment. No wonder you didn't tell Tera. That how you lost your eye as well?
>>
No. 554919 ID: b3ca75
File 138879220339.png - (22.14KB , 900x450 , 20.png )
554919

>...So that's how you lost your legs and hand? Damn, that's some harsh punishment.
Actually, I only lost my hand. It was an accident, so they shouldn’t pin her death on me but… yea… I might not have been the most lawful person back then.
>Eliraz got Theen a bed in the palace medical ward. He should be well cared for until you get back, so don't worry about that.
Great! Then I wouldn’t have to kick his ass if he died!

>We could switch to someone back home to talk to Theen for you, so you know how to find the contacts. What's the name of the Keer city?
:GuardRUST: It’s called Then’dranil, if I remember correctly.
:ThaarkRUST: (Oh, and if Theen question you, just tell him that he should shut up and tell you because big bug needs the info a.s.a.p.!)
>May as well fetch Ilbir in the meantime, he might come in handy.
:ThaarkRUST: And off we go! To the dead Skrang!



:SultanRUSTED: *Mumble*mumble*
:UnknownKAK: *Mumble*
:ElizahRUST: …brother, you know that it’s forbidden to try and listen in on the ceremony.
:ElirazRUST: I just want to make sure he’ll make it, sister.
:ElizahRUST: Stop worrying, brother, he’ll be fine… and… you two are really cute together, you know that?
:ElirazRUST: …thank you, I guess.
:ElizahRUST: I have to admit… I didn’t know you… preferred that team, so to speak.
:ElirazRUST: Honestly, I prefer both teams… but try to be quiet, dear sister, I’m trying to listen…
:ElizahRUST: Heh… this is probably going to end like it used to when we were younger, with mother dragging you to your room by the tail…
:ElirazRUST: I’m an adult now, she won’t punish me like that anymore… right? Right?
:ElizahRUST: Heh, little brother, always getting into trouble~
:ElirazRUST: oh shut it, I’m only a day younger then you.
:ArtemisRUST: …I don’t get it? Why are you getting pleasure being teased?
:ElirazRUST: Because… I… It’s complicated, Artemis. Brother Sister love, you know?
:ArtemisRUST: …love? You want to make new lizards with each other?
:ElirazRUST: What!? NO!? THAT’S NOT WHAT I- Gah!
:ElizahRUST: *giggle*

Insert …and absolutely nothing sexual happened!_
>>
No. 554923 ID: 9b57d3

>>554919
Eliraz. Ilbir ran into a bit of trouble, we need to talk to Theen. He knows of some contacts in Then’dranil that can find Ilbir's bug friend who got sold into slavery like an hour ago. We can't do that directly so we'll have to borrow your voice for that. So uh, stop trying to listen in, you can ask how it went after he gets out. We've got more important things to do.
>>
No. 554933 ID: 5ce288

And thus we get to the part where I make good on that promise of shipping you and your sister.

Polyamory is always fun. :3
>>
No. 554955 ID: dbe554

Mothers will always pick the most embarrassing punishments.

Also we need to give Artemis a new definition of love before she thinks everyone is doing the dance of life.
>>
No. 555000 ID: 96b823

*Quack* Heh, you're even more adorable when you're flustered. Anyway. Sorry to be short, but we need you to talk to Theen right away. We'll fill you in on the way. Bring Elizah along and keep her and Pink in the loop. Artemis too, since she shouldn't be on her own.

Quick summary: Mor'Kay's men hit Ilbir's dig, probably looking for the key stone. Ilbir, Kranhon and one guard were captured to be sold as slaves. One guard was killed, one got away. Ilbir was dumped in the desert. We guided him to safe shelter then led Thaark to rescue him. Now we're going to rescue Kranhon but need info from Theen to do so.

Ask Theen for all the info on his contacts in the Keer harbor city of Then’dranil. If that's too many then specify ones that'd help track down the buyers of recently purchased slaves. If he's reluctant tell him "he should shut up and tell you because big bug needs the info a.s.a.p.!"

And sometime afterwards this you should have a chat with Artemis on the different kinds of love, love not always meaning sex, and sex definitely not always meaning love. Bring Elizah in on it too. It'll be good for Artemis to see more interplay between you two.
>>
No. 555054 ID: 9ddf68

Don't worry we have something to take your mind off of things for a while, like how it seems how the tribals have hired mercs from the north and are now going into the slaving business themselves, seeing as they have attack Ilbir's dig site and have kidnapped everyone but one guard and are trying to sell them in the Keer city of Then’dranil, Ilbir himself manage to get out of it alright but not so much the others. Also you know that one merc we were bitching at you to get a room for, we kinda need you to talk to him for us so we can use him to help find the tribal slavers in the city.
>>
No. 555069 ID: b3ca75
File 138884521392.png - (24.16KB , 900x450 , 21.png )
555069

>*Quack*
:ElirazRUST: …did you just hear something?
:ElizahRUST: Nope. It probably was just a duck, gecko.
>And thus we get to the part where I make good on that promise of shipping you and your sister.
WHAT!? But… she… she’s my sister! That’s disgusting! Not to speak of illegal! And forbidden, depraved, lewd, shameless, vile, exiting, dirty, inviting, perverted, risqué, tempting, unnatural and immoral!
>Polyamory is always fun. :3
Well… It is expected of me to have more than one lover and… I technically own half of the harem… but she’s my sister! That’s a big no no!!

>Don't worry we have something to take your mind off of things for a while, like how it seems how the tribals have hired mercs from the north and are now going into the slaving business themselves…
Hmm… the mercs are new… but the slavery is not, they have always been taking slaves. They are savages; do you expect them not to take slaves? Err… that sounded very hypocritical, didn’t it?
>seeing as they have attack Ilbir's dig site and have kidnapped everyone but one guard and are trying to sell them in the Keer city of Then’dranil…
What!? That’s… we need to save them!
>we need to talk to Theen.
Right, Theen… on my way.
:ElirazRUST: I just got a urgent message, I need to go and talk to Theen.
:ElizahRUST: I’m coming with you, no matter what you say. We haven’t spent time with each other in ages and-
:ElirazRUST: Err… actually, I was just about to ask you to come with me.
:ElizahRUST: …oh, well… err… sorry for the unnecessary drama, then…

>we need to give Artemis a new definition of love before she thinks everyone is doing the dance of life.
:ElirazRUST: -so, it’s isn’t just couples that love each other.
:ElizahRUST: Besides, you can dance just for the fun of it, not just to make new lizards… or love.
:ElirazRUST: Which is something I’m sure you’re an expert with, sister~
:ElizahRUST: Hey! It’s not my fault you never use your half!
:ArtemisRUST: …so love is… like… friendship? But stronger?
:ElirazRUST: …correct. Ah, here we are… greetings, doctor, I need to see the patient.
:UnknownKAK: I’m sorry, my prince, but he isn’t awake right now.
:ElizahRUST: …everything alright?
:UnknownKAK: He is stable for the moment but… let’s just say you’re lucky you brought him here. Otherwise he wouldn’t be with us right now.
:ElirazRUST: Oh…

Insert Achievement gained: Savior! You successfully saved a minor character! I hope you’re proud of yourself!_
>>
No. 555070 ID: 5ce288

I saw tempting, exciting, and inviting in there.
Now you must know we can never let this issue go.

Anyways, ask about his condition, and if their's any mcguffin medicine he needs or if he just need extra rest.
>>
No. 555073 ID: dbe554

Huzzah a minor character was saved! I feel rather proud myself, living things usually do deserve to live rather then die.

Regardless we need something fast or Kranhon is going to be in a bad place far from his lover...Without a tongue.
>>
No. 555084 ID: 87e6c2

Yay, we're like 8-1 on people dying!

Ask if he's awake, and if so, if we can have like one minute to get some important information. You may need Elizah to back you up on that.
>>
No. 555090 ID: b3ca75
File 138885669518.png - (22.73KB , 900x450 , 22.png )
555090

>I saw tempting, exciting, and inviting in there.
T-that was just a slip of the tongue! Err… slip of the thought… um…
>Now you must know we can never let this issue go.
If you tell anyone I swear… I swear… I’ll do something! I’ll find a way to hurt you, and hurt you bad! Do you understand!?
>Regardless we need something fast or Kranhon is going to be in a bad place far from his lover...Without a tongue.
…wait, Kranhon has a girlfriend? Since when?

>Ask about his condition, and if there’s any mcguffin medicine he needs or if he just need extra rest.
:UnknownKAK: He has a high fever thanks to his infected wound. He needs rest and the medication we already have at hand.
>Ask if he's awake, and if so, if we can have like one minute to get some important information.
:UnknownKAK: Err… I already said he wasn’t awake, sire…
:ElirazRUST: Um… right… so… what now?
:ElizahRUST: What are you even trying to do?
:ElirazRUST: Oh, right, I didn’t- Ilbir and his crew have been taken as slaves to be sold in a nearby Keer city. I need Theen to give me some contacts that will help us track them down.
:ElizahRUST: Well… we should always look through his stuff? Maybe he has his contacts written down somewhere… or maybe check Ilbir’s stuff, he got friends everywhere.
:ArtemisRUST: Are time really that rare? Can we not wait until sold sword lizards become functioning again?
:ElirazRUST: Hmmm… maybe we should just hope that Ilbir know someone there that can help…
:ElizahRUST: …didn’t you just say he was-
:ElirazRUST: Ilbir was able to free himself… the others didn’t.
:ElizahRUST: Oh…

Insert Sick sell sword’s stained steel sword strikes straight_
>>
No. 555092 ID: 1e9bd6

Well, we could check Theen's stuff, but a smart criminal doesn't write their contacts down.

I suppose Ilbir might know something and the others are on their way to pick him up already.
>>
No. 555095 ID: dbe554

Ilbir is with Kranhon.

Anyways we should at least look through Theen's stuff while we are here real quick, at least grab his supplies to take with us then head to the Mercs and Ilbir.
>>
No. 555097 ID: 96b823

May as well look through Theen's stuff, but I suspect he's smart enough to not write his contacts' info down, or if he did it'll be in code.

Wait a second... Eliraz, what kind of espionage capabilities does the Serath Kingdom have? Yanno, spies, covert agents and such. 'Cause there may already be a Serath agent in that Keer city we could contact or records of contacts we could use. Go talk to whoever in the palace is in charge of espionage and intelligence.

Check with the doc on whether Theen is going to lose his infected let. If so then we'll keep an eye out for a suitable replacement for necromantic attachment. That is, unless they already have one on hand.

Oh, dangit! We forgot about Tera! Eliraz, did the guards bring her in along with Theen or did they leave her sleeping off the booze at the apartment? 'Cause if it's the latter could you send them around again to escort her to the palace. Actually, we should probably pop over and fill her in before going back to Thaark too.

>>555095
Ilbir is with Thaark, not Kranhon. Kranhon is the guy we're going to rescue.
>>
No. 555098 ID: 9ddf68

do they know how long he'll be out?

but yeah failing that we could always just go try and see what Ilbir can do and failing that we could always just wounder the city and hope for the best.
>>
No. 555101 ID: dbe554

>>555097
Romantically, not actual physical contact my bad.
>>
No. 555104 ID: b3ca75
File 138886577704.png - (20.91KB , 900x450 , 23.png )
555104

>Ilbir is with Kranhon… Romantically.
…what… whaaaat…. Are you serious? They… I… actually… that would explain a lot… it is kind of obvious isn’t it?
>Go talk to whoever in the palace is in charge of espionage and intelligence.
Oh right, that would be Reizn… and he’s with the sultan… partaking in the ritual. Dammit.
>Check with the doc on whether Theen is going to lose his infected leg.
:UnknownKAK: There is an possibility we have to amputate, yes, but if we do we can just kill, clean and reattach his leg again with necromancy.

>We could check Theen's stuff, but a smart criminal doesn't write their contacts down.
Hmm… but is worth a try, isn’t it?
>Oh, dangit! We forgot about Tera!
Who is Tera again? …you mean that necromancer girl that was with Jericho?
:TeraRUST: …h-hello? Who’s there? Where am I? W-what… what happened? …ugh… my head…
:ElirazRUST: Um… excu- OFF!!
:TeraRUST: If you so much have laid a finger on me while I was asleep, pervert, I’ll scream for the guards… in fact, I’ll scream for the-
:ElizahRUST: I think we have a bit of an misunderstanding here.
:TeraRUST: …Princess? W-what are you doing here? W-where am I? Wha-
:ElizahRUST: Oh, I just came here with the prince. The one you just knocked over with a pillow. Nice aim, by the way.
:TeraRUST: I… prince… pillow… oh gods! I’M SO SORRY! I didn’t know! Please don’t behead me! Please please please-
:ElirazRUST: …wah?

Insert Off with her head!_
>>
No. 555105 ID: 9ddf68

she blind, we know relax. Anyway's we just here to see if we can't find anything of Theen's, by the way how's the hangover?
>>
No. 555108 ID: 1e9bd6

If he had you beheaded, he'd have no one left to reanimate your body. That would be impractical.

Sorry, I know how disconcerting it can be to wake up somewhere strange (and it can only be worse if you can't see!) but Thaark had to go help Ilbir, and you didn't want to head back to the temple yet.
>>
No. 555113 ID: 96b823

Eliraz, please tell the poor gal you're not gonna have her head or any other parts of her removed. We'll pop over to reassure her while you search the place. Maybe have everything brought up to the palace to keep it safe. By the way, where's Artemis? You didn't leave her behind, did you?

[Switch to "The Acolyte"]
*Honk* Don't worry Tera, prince Eliraz is with us. You'll be fine. You're in Thaark's apartment, and no, nothing untoward happened. You were falling down drunk after, like, three ales, proposing to dissect his dick FOR SCIENCE so he thought it'd be best to carry you here to sleep it off. He would have stayed except he had forgotten he had to get on the caravan back to Ilbir's dig.

...Also, we kinda forgot you were here until right before now. Things happened and our focus was needed elsewhere. Sorry for leaving you alone like this.

Would you like to be taken to the temple or up to the palace? Partake of some royal hospitality and get something for that headache too? And Jericho may have a surprise for you as well when you get there.
>>
No. 555120 ID: 7bbaae

>>555108
They have other necromancers. She's just an initiate.

>>555113
Hey, I didn't forget she was here! But yeah I guess I can understand her confusion and also the issue of a blind person waking up in an unfamiliar place. Whoops. Also I don't think we need to switch to her to talk to her. Proximity seems to work between our pawns/knights/whatever.

>>555104
Oh that reminds me. Ask the princess if she knows anything about pawns being upgraded. What does that mean? If you guys can't find anything about Theen's contacts we'll have to hope Ilbir can handle it on his own and switch over to him.
>>
No. 555126 ID: 1e9bd6

>They have other necromancers. She's just an initiate.
Of course they do. It's still a good line, though. And just the right kind of 'logic' to snap her out of her panic.
>>
No. 555279 ID: b3ca75
File 138893332380.png - (21.37KB , 900x450 , 24.png )
555279

>*Honk*
:TeraRUST: AH!!
:ElirazRUST: *Sigh* I’m not going to behead you… or punish you in any other way.
:TeraRUST: AH?
:ElirazRUST: I’m here with the voices, alright? We’re on the same team.
:TeraRUST: Ah…
>You're in Thaark's apartment, and no, nothing untoward happened.
:TeraRUST: Oh, I’m starting to remember last night… err… parts of last night…
:ElirazRUST: Last night we were on our way from the dig.
:TeraRUST: …this morning, then. I remember parts of this morning!
>proposing to dissect his dick FOR SCIENCE!
:ElirazRUST: You did WHAT!?
:TeraRUST: What can I say? I was drunk.

>Ask the princess if she knows anything about pawns being upgraded. What does that mean?
:ElizahRUST: Hmm… the king is your main piece… the queen is your most powerful piece… knight are just your bread and butter while pawns are… well, pawns that can be sacrificed. Everyone starts out as a pawn, but as they grow more on the player, their survival becomes more important. I… Rose doesn’t know if you get anything from it or not, though.
>search the place.
:ElirazRUST: Nothing!? But… what do we do then?
:ElizahRUST: It was a longshot from the start, brother, don’t feel bad.

>Jericho may have a surprise for you as well when you get there.
:TeraRUST: Surprise? As in… a present? Or… surprise, I’ve made the princess pregnant?
:ElirazRUST: I… how does that even work!? He’s dead!
:TeraRUST: Hey, you never know… hmm… he found himself a girlfriend?
:ElizahRUST: That’s a bit… unlikely, dear… considering he’s… err…
:TeraRUST: OH! Boyfriend!? *Giggle* I never thought he would… heh, he so going to be the one in the bottom, isn’t he? I have to ask him to tell me all the dirty details! Boyish love is so… so… hot~
:ElizahRUST: You haven’t even heard the start of it. It’s like those old epics, a brave hero saving the fair maiden from the clutches of evil… it’s really… exiting~ *Giggle*
:TeraRUST: You have to share the details with me later! I’m dying to hear about my little pebble and his little “adventure”… *Giggle*
:ElirazRUST:
>By the way, where's Artemis? You didn't leave her behind, did you?
:ElirazRUST: Oh, son of a bi-
:TeraRUST: Who?
:ElizahRUST: Oh, right, I think we lost him on the way here.

Insert Shippers on deck_
>>
No. 555281 ID: dbe554

Her, Artemis is designated with pronoun 'her'.

But you'll have to ask Jericho about his 'adventures', I mean we can't tell you that the Prince has an incredible thing he can do with his tongue that would bring kingdoms to it's knee's. Nope, we aren't that chatty and willing to spoil info.
>>
No. 555287 ID: 1e9bd6

>Rose doesn’t know if you get anything from it or not, though
I suppose it might mean different sides earn more points when they take more highly ranked pieces.

>Artemis
Wait, how did you lose her? She should have been perfectly capable of following you.

...unless something else snagged her attention. I suppose she is like a little kid, in a way. A highly dangerous little kid, anyways.
>>
No. 555289 ID: 5ce288

If your sister is so intrigued by your relationship, perhaps...

Anyways. You need to find Artemis before she gets herself dismantled for saying something stupid.
>>
No. 555315 ID: b3ca75
File 138894505423.png - (16.17KB , 900x450 , 25.png )
555315

>Her, Artemis is designated with pronoun 'her'.
:ElizahRUST: Why her?
:ElirazRUST: Long story, just call her “her”.
>If your sister is so intrigued by your relationship, perhaps...
:ElirazRUST: NO!! NONONONO!! NOOOO!!!!
:TeraRUST: …no what?
:ElirazRUST: No… just… no…
>you'll have to ask Jericho about his 'adventures'.
:TeraRUST: But he won’t spill all those juicy details… especially the dirty ones~
>I mean we can't tell you that the Prince has an incredible thing he can do with his tongue that would bring kingdoms to its kne-
:ElirazRUST: HEY! I HAVEN’T EVEN… I… SHUT UP!!
:TeraRUST: Wait, why would I care if the Prince… oh… OH… you’re right, it was like one of the old epics. The brave knight from humble beginnings saving the “princesses”… *Giggle*
:ElirazRUST: …now I’m starting to consider actually beheading you now…
:TeraRUST: Pff… like you would behead your boyfriends adopted sister.
>You need to find Artemis before she gets herself dismantled for saying something stupid.
:ElirazRUST: Right, let’s drop all that and never speak of that again! Let’s go and find Artemis.
:ElizahRUST: But we haven’t found a way fo-
:ElirazRUST: LET’S LEAVE AND FIND ARTEMIS!



:IlbirRUST: -do know of a trader that might help us find th- wait, what’s going on here?
:KeerGuardRUST: Sir, I have to ask you to leave. This is a crime scene.
:UnknownKAK: But they stole from me! Even after I bought their goods they stole from me! Give me back my possession!
:KeerGuardRUST: Sir, please calm down. You will have all your stolen possessions returned to you within a week’s time.
:UnknownKAK: A week!? I don’t have a week! Give it to me!

Insert Welcome to Then’dranil! We got good food, beautiful beaches and mutilated corpses!_
>>
No. 555317 ID: 1e9bd6

So uh, any of those corpses look familiar? Because I kind of think we knew one of those guys.
>>
No. 555319 ID: 7bbaae

>>555315
Oh my god it's your rival. Is that blood coming out of his eyes? Inform the police here about who he is and what he used to be in. Oh, ask what got stolen; "possessions" could include slaves. Then go around so we can get inside.

No luck on getting Theen to help, he's currently sedated. Turns out he got an infection from his wound and almost died. Nothing in his room to help either. It's all on Ilbir now.
>>
No. 555326 ID: 96b823

*Chirp* Sorry, Thaark, but we couldn't get Theen's contacts. He'd taken a turn for the worst and was unconscious by the time Eliraz arrived. He's stable, thanks to the palace doctors, but he's going to be out for an indefinite period.

Also, we picked up Tera when we searched Theen's stuff at the apartment for anything about his contacts. So don't worry about having left a blind gal behind to wake up alone in strange surroundings.

Ilbir, Reizn's tied up in the Rite of Dragon Fire so Eliraz couldn't get his espionage knowledge on Then’dranil. With Theen out he'll be your best bet if you hit a wall here. The Rite started around noon, so about how long until he'll be free?

I think that's Aviris' corpse on the ground there, but could you take a closer look to confirm for us, as well as tell us what kind of damage it took. Also ask what the hell happened here.

You might be able to get the cooperation of the Keer guards if you tell them an altered version of the events with Aviris. Say he stole a powerful magical artifact from your dig and got himself eaten by a skrang while fleeing. You tracked the skrang down only to find it dead from something erupting from it and the blood trail pointed here. So you're thinking the artifact broke, Aviris' corpse was possessed by a daemon, it did this carnage, and now it's loose in the city.
>>
No. 555330 ID: dbe554

Can you tell how the corpses died?
>>
No. 555333 ID: 9ddf68

see anyone you know?
>>
No. 555337 ID: 87e6c2

YOU MUST CLAIM HIS HAT AS A TROPHY

Anyway explain that you're looking for people who had their tongues cut out and were taken as slaves, the blood trail led here, has anyone entered or passed by recently?
>>
No. 555340 ID: b3ca75
File 138895462071.png - (19.52KB , 900x450 , 26.png )
555340

>*Chirp*
*Tweet*
>Theen has taken a turn for the worse.
:ThaarkRUST: (Good thing you guys made sure he got help then! I owe you one!)
>Tera is okay.
:ThaarkRUST: (Good, I still feel a bit bad for leaving her like that though.)
>Reizn's tied up in the Rite of Dragon Fire so Eliraz couldn't get his espionage knowledge on Then’dranil. With Theen out he'll be your best bet if you hit a wall here. The Rite started around noon, so about how long until he'll be free?
:IlbirRUST: (The rite of dragon fire? Why, it only takes an hour. They should have been done hours ago… I mean, it’s almost dinner time!)

>Oh my god it's your rival. Is that blood coming out of his eyes?
:IlbirRUST: (It is Aviris, correct… and the blood is probably the least of his concerns. His ribcage seems to have been forced open… almost like something forced itself out from his body.)
>Can you tell how the corpses died?
:IlbirRUST: (Their wounds doesn’t seem to be made by any blade I know… It’s almost like they have been ripped apart by brute strength.)
>see anyone you know?
:GuardRUST: I believe that’s the savages that attacked the dig, sire. At least… pieces of them.

>ask what the hell happened here.
:KeerGuardRUST: I are unsure, citizen. We heard this gentleman scream that he had been robbed and when we began pursuing them we found this bloodbath. I haven’t seen a Vildman, one of those northern giants, running by, by any chance?
>ask what got stolen; "possessions" could include slaves.
:UnknownKAK: Why, my money box of course! They stole it from me after I bought those laborers from them. I mean, geez, why steal the money after you sold something?
>You might be able to get the cooperation of the Keer guards if you tell them an altered version of the events with Aviris.
:KeerGuardRUST: That… sound very unlikely…
:IlbirRUST: I am Ilbir Deejeb the third, Dapir for sultan of the Serath kingdoms… adventurer, scholar, gentleman… and I have the seal of my kingdom to prove it. I’m here pursuing a dangerous criminal who kidnapped some of the officers of the Serath guard. I do not tell falsehoods.
:KeerGuardRUST: Yes, that is the seal of the Drah’kon family… very well, master Dapir, we’re at your service. What do you need assistance with?
:IlbirRUST: Well, we are looking for some “slaves” that was taken here recently.
:KeerGuardRUST: Sir, the people entering this city every day is in the thousands. Finding someone like that is like finding a needle in Skrang dung… and please, don’t remove anything from the crime scene without permission… that includes the hats…

Insert The tiny man throw around a lot of weight_
>>
No. 555343 ID: 87e6c2

Ask the gentleman what the 'laborers' looked like; I believe we're looking for a lizard and a mantis. If he has who we're looking for, use your authority over the guards to return his money box in exchange for their freedom.

>that includes the hats

Damn. Finding those two is important enough that we can't afford to get on the guards' bad side. It pains me to say it, but you should probably put the hat back. Reluctantly.
>>
No. 555344 ID: 1e9bd6

>specific slaves
Sold very recently, with their tongues cut out?
>>
No. 555345 ID: 7bbaae

>>555340
One lizard and one mantis, with their tongues removed. Also describe their clothing, though it's possible the clothes were swapped out. Oh, and make sure to mention what TIME they were brought here. Wait, that's not them over there, is it? If that is them, we may have to track down the lockbox in order to get them back. Hey, do they have any necromancers around here that can reattach the tongues? Or does it matter if that waits for a while?

Uh, we maaaaay want to check on Jericho, if the ritual is taking longer than normal. Can you guys handle it from here? For a while, anyway?
>>
No. 555353 ID: dbe554

It might be very likely that one of the players possessed Avaris, used him to break free of the Skrag, and then formed a body that ripped out of his body and killed everyone nearby, which means he has something that can brutally murder things.. This is bad.
>>
No. 555356 ID: 96b823

Heads up, Ilbir. Is that Kranhon behind the slave merchant, behind that lizard on the rock? And ask the dig guard if the red-eyed lizard is the captured guard.

If that's not Kranhon and the captured guard we could offer the slave merchant help in recovering his money box in exchange for info on whoever bought the slaves these dead tribals brought in. And if it is them, we can offer the same deal for their release.

We could offer Thuul's service to the guards to track down that Vildman. I'd like to capture him for interrogation as well; Find out why he's working with the tribes.

Hm, Aviris' ribcage has been busted open. Ilbir, you think a daemon could have possessed him while in the skrang? It's either that or his player has the power to do something similar to that to its pawns. Though it doesn't explain why it came here and ripped apart these specific tribals.

I'm concerned that the Rite is taking so long. Ilbir, I trust you can handle this. We better switch back to Jericho to check in.
>>
No. 555370 ID: b3ca75
File 138896808789.png - (14.51KB , 900x450 , 27.png )
555370

>Wait, that's not them over there, is it?
Of course not. That’s just some citizen coming to gawk at the murder scene.
>Ask the gentleman what the 'laborers' looked like; I believe we're looking for a lizard and a mantis.
:UnknownKAK: Why, yes, A male mantis and a male lizard, both with their tongue cut out.
>Use your authority over the guards to return his money box in exchange for their freedom.
:IlbirRUST: Guards, give this man back his belongings… if he is willing to strike deal with us?
:UnknownKAK: Of course… 4000 crowns… each…
:IlbirRUST: …you can’t be-
:UnknownKAK: You have to be a very rich man, Dapir, and you seem a bit desperate to get these laborers… so… 4000… it’s simply business, you know.
:ThaarkRUST: You know, this money box is awfully empty…
:UnknownKAK: Of course it is. I used up most of it to buy the laborers. I want it back for sentimental reasons.
:ThaarkRUST: Yet… it’s rather heavy, isn’t it?
:UnknownKAK: …Y-you aren’t meant to carry it around. It’s supposed to be stationary.
:ThaarkRUST: Of course, it would be a shame if I dropped it… breaking it on the rock… especially with this many guards around…
:UnknownKAK: Err… you wanted a deal with the laborers? Why, I’ll give them to for free! You did me a favor so let me-
:KeerGuardRUST: Not so fast. We aren’t stupid you know. Arrest this man and check that box for any illegal contra bands. Meanwhile, I’ll go free whatever laborers this man have illegally bought. Master Ilbir, care to join me?
:IlbirRUST: Of course.
>We could offer Thuul's service to the guards to track down that Vildman. I'd like to capture him for interrogation as well; Find out why he's working with the tribes.
:KeerGuardRUST: If he can track him, then we would be in your debt.
:ThuulRUST: He headed south east, towards the cliffs.
:KeerGuardRUST: …how did you-
:ThuulRUST: Urine… his urine. It’s rather easy to track. My guess is that he’s hiding out in a cave somewhere nearby.



>I'm concerned that the Rite is taking so long. Ilbir, I trust you can handle this. We better switch back to Jericho to check in.
:SultanRUSTED: -And so, let the fire prove the blood of dragons.
:ReiznRUST: Ther’kana Alitir Natir!
:ElirazRUST: *Mumble*mumble*
:SultanRUSTED: *Sigh* and I wish my son was a bit more… discreet when he tries take a sneak peak on us… so, vizier, what is your verdict?
:ReiznRUST: This is… odd… the fire is there but… it’s weak? Something seems to be holding it back?
:SultanRUSTED: It’s ice. I told you he had both in his blood.
:ReiznRUST: Still… there’s no mistaking it, this is dragon blood alright. He is one of your kin.
:SultanRUSTED: As I suspected… well then, Jericho… Lord Jericho Drah’kon the second, it is proven. You are of royal blood. Welcome to the family, son.

Insert Royally screwed_
>>
No. 555377 ID: 7bbaae

>>555370
Oh, nothing's wrong after all. Why'd it take so long? I thought it was only supposed to take an hour, and it's almost dinner time. Right? We aren't time traveling are we? That would be confusing, and awesome.

Is that literal dragon blood they're talking about? These Lizards can't possibly be descended from dragons. Wait, actually, I've never heard of dragons before in this universe. Ask about them!
>>
No. 555398 ID: 87e6c2

Okay, so Esiros had a son named Jericho, so if you're Jericho the second, you're Esiros'... grandson, yes? And Elizah said he was related by a great- grandfather's... cousin? Gah, royal bloodlines are confusing.

Mental note; use your new found freedom to guilt Kranhon by explaining that he just upgraded from Executing the falsely accused to accidental regicide.
>>
No. 555399 ID: 7bbaae

Oh right. Esiros is still alive, has a heavily scarred face, and is using ice powers to make a spider-legged chair which he moves around with because he has no legs I think. It is likely Blue gave him those ice powers, which means Esiros is one of Blue's pawns. We have not contacted Blue even indirectly at this point. It's hard to tell if Blue will listen to diplomacy at this point. He might even have taken over Esiros completely, considering Esiros is acting like he hates all of his former countrymen.
>>
No. 555401 ID: 9ddf68

huh, so does that mean anything or is it more or less of a title. I mean I just don't know how royalty or whatever works around here.
>>
No. 555403 ID: beeca1

>>555377
Pay attention.

>This is… odd… the fire is there but… it’s weak? Something seems to be holding it back?
>It’s ice. I told you he had both in his blood.

So, how literal is the dragon thing?
>>
No. 555413 ID: 1e9bd6

Way to go Thraak! That was some good inference and intimidation.

>welcome to the family
Thank you uh, (Aunt? Cousin? Matriarch?) ...I don't suppose you know where I fit into the family? Or what I call you now?

And what's that make me, then? I'm pretty sure I'm no prince.
>>
No. 555428 ID: 96b823

*Chime* Oh, so this is why the rite took until dinnertime? We were worried when Ilbir said it should have only been an hour.

Thank your second cousin once removed sultan Leanah Drah'kon for the welcome, if you wish to be pedantic about it.

There's almost certainly no wealth or property that comes with the title, but what should come with it is a seal. Get that ASAP so you can ID yourself as nobility. Everything else - legal powers, duties, obligations and suchlike - you can find out from the palace library.

Now, I think your first action as Lord Jericho Drah'kon the second ought to be hugging (and kissing) prince Eliraz and informing him that you two are now officially third cousins. Second one is telling Tera the news; She's going to squee so hard at that she may just shatter glass.

The third one should be heading directly to the temple and getting that damn slave command rune removed, along with a check if the anti-magic rune was installed right and removing it if it was. And you may as well get that internal storage installed at the same time so you can hide the key stones as soon as you get back to the palace.

>>555399
That's ex-prince Eliros you're thinking of, not Jericho's grandfather Esiros. Real similar names, so not surprising you got them confused.
>>
No. 555429 ID: 7bbaae

>>555428
Oh crap you're right, sorry. Eliros. Well, he is alive and in the state I described, and I guess his failed coup would explain the hate.
>>
No. 555483 ID: c7ab83

Wait hang on. Anti-magic rune got done reversed and amps Jericho's magic! That's why he found out about being an antipode mage AFTER HE DIED! We undo that rune, we can kiss the sweet magics goodbye!
>>
No. 555484 ID: b3ca75
File 138902068756.png - (14.24KB , 900x450 , 28.png )
555484

>Why'd it take so long? I thought it was only supposed to take an hour, and it's almost dinner time. Right?
What? No it’s not? It’s barely been an hour! Dinner time? We haven’t even had lunch yet.
>Thank your second cousin once removed sultan Leanah Drah'kon for the welcome, if you wish to be pedantic about it.
:SultanRUSTED: Please, call me Leanah… or Sultan… or whatever you wish to call me.
>So does that mean anything or is it more or less of a title.
:SultanRUSTED: With the title comes all the perks and responsibilities of royalty. You are now a free man, and are entitled a monthly salary of 10 dragons… as in 100.000 crows. You also get a private chamber within the palace, but I’m guessing you still wish to sleep in my son’s chambers, correct? I will also give you the seal of Drah’kon family, to be used at your discretion. Just remember, everything you do and say is my responsibility and let’s just say I’m not a very forgiving person, Jericho.

>...I don't suppose you know where I fit into the family?
:ReiznRUST: Your own theory seems to be the best suited as of yet, my lord. Esiros might have had a second son… a son who named his son in turn after Esiros dead son, Jericho. Whoever the mother was to Jericho is still a mystery, so it is plausible that he had more than one son.
>Is that literal dragon blood they're talking about?
:SultanRUSTED: There are legends that all magic users are decedents from dragons… just as there are myths that they are decedents from the gods themselves… or even both. It’s hard to know if this is truth or falsehood, as it was myths even in the ancient times.
>I've never heard of dragons before in this universe. Ask about them!
:ReiznRUST: Supposedly, they were giant immortal flying lizard that should breathe all the elements… some say even living parts of the gods themselves. As they were known to take mortal wives and husbands we now have their blood pulsing through our mortal veins.

>Eliros is still alive, has a heavily scarred face, has a weird speak pattern and is using ice powers to make a spider-legged chair which he moves around with because he has no legs I think.
:JerichoRUSTED: At least, that’s what the voices tells me.
:SultanRUSTED: He… he can’t be… but… the wounds you describe… they fit, don’t they? After his failed coup, we drenched him in boiling water, cut out his lying tongue, broke his spine and left him out in the Skrang infested desert to die… yet… here he is? Hmm… this is grave news… grave news indeed.
>I think your first action as Lord Jericho Drah'kon the second ought to be hugging (and kissing) prince Eliraz and informing him that you two are now officially third cousins.
:JerichoRUSTED: Where’s your son, Sultan? I need to tell him the good news.
:SultanRUSTED: Your… make out session has to wait, Jericho. The first responsibility you have as royalty is to actually look like royalty. I will not allow you to look like a simple servant. I will call some servants to fix this at once… oh, and you need to have your servant runes removed too. Hmm… anything else you want fixed while we are at it?
:JerichoRUSTED: Can I get someone to install some internal storage?
:SultanRUSTED: Of course! Anything else you wish for?

Insert Quick, wish for that game you always wanted!_
>>
No. 555485 ID: dbe554

Anyway to get some more defensive runes? Things to allow better regeneration when coming apart? Also things that would help him as an Antipod mage like some actual training would help.

Also congratulations Jericho!
>>
No. 555486 ID: 7bbaae

>>555484
I see. So we've traveled back in time a bit. That seems to be our player ability. I wonder if we can control this power? I wonder if YOU can? Don't tell anyone about this. It shall be our secret weapon. I wonder if we need to avoid time paradoxes... right now we're talking to Eliraz about Ilbir's buddy getting kidnapped by slavers, and several hours in the future we'll be telling Ilbir we couldn't get in touch with Reizn to find out about any contacts in the city the slavers went to. It turns out it wasn't necessary, but... yeah, go ahead and ask Reizn what contacts he has in the city of Then’dranil. Just in case.

Do we get access to the palace funds? Also, you could do with a weapon and some martial training alongside the spell training. Hey, that reminds me of something. You seem to read books really fast... I wonder if that's you subconsciously using time manipulation.
>>
No. 555495 ID: 9ddf68

lunch?... and maybe somewhere we could practice magic.
>>
No. 555510 ID: 627d94

>Just remember, everything you do and say is my responsibility
Uh, is there some kind of code of conduct we should be familiar with?

>So we've traveled back in time a bit.
...or time zones are a lot smaller in this little cylinder world. The sun could be in different parts of the sky based on where they are.

>Quick, wish for that game you always wanted!
But we're already playing civ!
>>
No. 555511 ID: b3ca75
File 138903042995.png - (30.54KB , 900x450 , 29.png )
555511

>Time manipulation.
…what? I can? I… err… are you sure? I mean, maybe it’s just some… quirk when you jump between people?
>is there some kind of code of conduct we should be familiar with?
:SultanRUSTED: I’ll teach you as you come into your new role.
>Lunch?
:SultanRUSTED: We already made plans for lunch, remember? As soon as you’re done dignifying yourself we’ll eat. I just hope my kids haven’t forgotten about it too…
>Get some more defensive runes?
:SultanRUSTED: We have some resistance and the like… but nothing really major. I’ll see to it that the necromancers give you the best runes they can find.
>Do we get access to the palace funds?
:SultanRUSTED: I’ll give you 100.000 crows early as this month salary. Don’t spend it all in one place.
>You could do with a weapon and some martial training alongside the spell training.
:SultanRUSTED: Hmm… right, you are a bit more battle hardened then the others. Maybe you should try to become a knight? …or… wait… I got it. I know of an elite order of warriors that combine both magic prowess and a swords might. Spell swords, I do believe they call themselves. I believe they would love to have you as an addition to their order... of course, they mostly operate beyond the great sea but… never mind that, of course we’ll give you the best trainers and training equipment possible, both for your sword arm, magical abilities and mind.
>go ahead and ask Reizn what contacts he has in the city of Then’dranil. Just in case.
:ReiznRUST: I have to check the records for that, milord.
:SultanRUSTED: Now, stop dallying around and get moving, Jericho.



:UnknownKAK: Quite an unique example, isn’t it? Maybe we should take it back to the academy to-
:UnknownKAK: Don’t be daft, whoever owns this has to be powerful.
:ArtemisRUST: Excuse me… um… I lost Eliraz, can you guide me back to Eliraz?
:UnknownKAK: Eliraz? As in prince Eliraz?
:ArtemisRUST: Prince Eliraz and girly prince Elizah.
:ElirazRUST: Ah, there you are! Artemis!!

>Lunch?
:ElirazRUST: (Wha- oh right, shit, mother going to be furious if I’m late!)

Insert Rust 2: Mothers wrath_
>>
No. 555512 ID: dbe554

Princess Artemis, when they are female they are called "Princess".

Oh and she's already furious you are gonna miss it, now get to it mister.
>>
No. 555522 ID: 627d94

Huh speaking of time manipulation, I gave my possible explanation a tad too late it would seem.

Go reunite with Artemis first, poor thing got lost and seems to have acquired some admirers.
>>
No. 555526 ID: 7bbaae

>>555511
Better hurry then. Maybe Artemis can carry the both of you and run faster than you can.
>>
No. 555527 ID: 96b823

Don't worry about not getting Theen's contacts. Ilbir has, or will, sort it out and save Kranhon from slavery right before dinner. Our tenses are a little screwy 'cause we inadvertently slipped back in time a bit when we shifted to Jericho. Don't ask, it's not something we can do intentionally.

Commend the scholar for having some common sense, and if they wish to study Artemis they should submit a formal request through the academy to Dapir Ilbir when he returns from his expedition.

Have a little chat with Artemis on the way back on where to go and who to ask for help if she gets separated, and to try not to get separated in the future. As a functioning intelligent golem she's very rare and very valuable in this world. There are those who would spend much to capture her for study or even just to own such a unique thing.

What time is it? If it's right after the rite should have finished then you have a bit of tie. Leanah didn't want Jericho coming to lunch in servants' garb so you have until his level of sartorial splendor is sufficiently royal for her. And yes, this means the rite went off just as we hoped. So congrats, you're now officially third cousins with Jericho.

Oh, and Jericho was talking to Leanah and you might just get your wish for him to be a knight. Better than a knight: A spellsword! Pretty neat, huh?
>>
No. 555533 ID: b3ca75
File 138904042517.png - (31.31KB , 900x450 , 30.png )
555533

>Don't worry about not getting Theen's contacts. Ilbir has, or will, sort it out and save Kranhon from slavery right before dinner.
…what? How do you-
>Our tenses are a little screwy 'cause we inadvertently slipped back in time a bit when we shifted to Jericho. Don't ask, it's not something we can do intentionally.
…right, I’m not going to ask…
>Congrats, you're now officially third cousins with Jericho.
He passed!? Splendid! I… I must find him and congratulate him personally!
>Jericho was talking to Leanah and you might just get your wish for him to be a knight.
Oh, it would be quite dreamy if h-
>Better than a knight: A spellsword! Pretty neat, huh?
What? No, that… the only order I know of that call themselves spellswords are on the other side of the great sea and… and that would mean… no… just being a knight is enough, right?

>Commend the scholar for having some common sense, and if they wish to study Artemis they should submit a formal request through the academy to Dapir Ilbir when he returns from his expedition.
:ElirazRUST: I’m impressed that you gentlemen are able to show some common sense, wisdom tends to be in short supply among you scholars, after all. If you want to have more time studying the golem, please submit a formal request through the academy at least one month in advance to the Dapir.
:UnknownKAK: Ilbir? I knew Ilbir had something to do with this… but…
:UnknownKAK: Why haven’t he shared this with us in private? Ilbir isn’t the kind of person that would pass up an opportunity to brag and act smug, especially concerning something like this.
:ElirazRUST: That I cannot answer, but you must forgive me as I need to-
:UnknownKAK: Stop the thief!!
:ShadowRUST: Sorry, coming through!
:ElirazRUST: …WHAT. THE. FUCK!? Hey, wait- son of a- he stole my wallet!!
:GuardRUST: After her!!

Insert I’m so incompetent that I successfully wounded myself enough to draw blood when I tried to peel a banana… true story_
>>
No. 555534 ID: dbe554

That's...shadow!? Her 'name' signals as Shadow, even with her odd description!
>>
No. 555535 ID: c7ab83

O.O
Oh. Oh. This might be worth calling a red alert.
First off, we want that thief caught.
Secondly? Whenever we get a moment in private with the princess we need to ask the protocol for what happens when a player loses, because I've a sinking feeling that the player who had you before is back.
>>
No. 555537 ID: 87e6c2

Oh fuck me sideways you have GOT to be kidding.

Tell Elizah to take care of Artemis, THEN pursue. Make sure you aren't hallucinating or falling into a trap.

Don't worry about Jericho, he's been offered training within the city, and he's got enough on his plate that he wouldn't go halfway across the world to join an order he's just heard of right now.

And that is not language befitting a prince. Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?
>>
No. 555539 ID: 7bbaae

>>555533
Wow that better be a reused icon.

Go steal the wallet back, Thief. Show off for us, I want to see your true strength.
>>
No. 555548 ID: b3ca75
File 138904560767.png - (21.16KB , 900x450 , 31.png )
555548

>That is not language befitting a prince. Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?
What the intercourse, then. Happy!?
>That's...shadow!?
Looks like it… somehow…

>Tell Elizah to take care of Artemis, THEN pursue.
:ElirazRUST: Sister, take care of Artemis, I’m going after her!
:ElizahRUST: Wait, shouldn’t we let the guards handle- I said WAIT!!
>Go steal the wallet back, Thief. Show off for us, I want to see your true strength.
She might be able to lose the guards, but she will never lose me. I will catch her, no matter wh-
:ElirazRUST: …where the hell did she go!?
:UnknownKAK: …who, sir? You mean the lizard who came running past just a moment ago? She turned left in the end of the ally, sir.
:ElirazRUST: (…I’m pretty sure that guy have my wallet.)
:GuardRUST: Prince Eliraz? Where are you, milord?

Insert Twisting around at the speed of diagonal_
>>
No. 555549 ID: 9ddf68

huh, so you weren't the only one who was doing the whole disguise yourself as a chick thing, think you could use your shadow powers to steal your wallet back from the guy?
>>
No. 555550 ID: c7ab83

That guy in front of you? Yeah. Have the gaurds search him. If it IS him, then it'll turn up.
If not?
You have a mother that you don't want to dissapoint, sadly, and if there's anything IMPORTANT in that wallet, it won't be something that can be traded for illicit gain very easily.
>>
No. 555551 ID: 87e6c2

>Happy!?
Meh, works for me.

This is totally an ambush. I think I see someone hiding behind that crate next to him.

PLEASE tell me you're armed, or have some kind of experience with unarmed fighting. Either way, there's a guard right outside the alley you can call to.
>>
No. 555563 ID: 96b823

Hold up! This stinks of a trap. Think about it. Someone dressed like the Shadow brazenly steals your wallet in the hopes you would give chase. It's either that or the dumbest thief in the world. So don't go in there yourself, please.

I spy somebody behind the crates next to this guy. It's likely the thief.

Back up and call the guards to you, telling half to go down the alley with the obviously fake directions the man gave. Once they're past him, order them to turn around and arrest him, and the thief cowering behind the crates.

Be on guard. I don't trust that they don't have something up their sleeves to use against you.
>>
No. 555564 ID: 7bbaae

>>555548
This smells of ambush. Collect your guards. Then see if you can steal back your wallet without him noticing.
>>
No. 555578 ID: b3ca75
File 138905054310.png - (22.88KB , 900x450 , 32.png )
555578

>Think you could use your shadow powers to steal your wallet back from the guy?
Well yes… but the thing is, everything he’s stolen is hidden the same way I used to hide stuff… I’m pretty sure you can’t hide things like that without… hmm…
>PLEASE tell me you're armed.
I am now… and he’s suddenly unarmed.
>I spy somebody behind the crates next to this guy. It's likely the thief.
…It’s a lizard mask and a fake tail. He was the thief all along!

>This smells of ambush. Collect your guards.
:ElirazRUST: Guards! Arrest this man!
:GuardRUST: Yes sir!
:UnknownKAK: Hey! I haven’t done anything! You can’t ju-
:GuardRUST: If you haven’t done anything, then why do you have his excellency wallet on you?
:UnknownKAK: How the hell did you find it!? She said no one wo- I mean, err… this is some kind of mistake?
:GuardRUST: You are going to rot in jail the next few years, criminal scum!
:ElirazRUST: No… wait…
:UnknownKAK: Please, have mercy, your grace… err… little gecko… um… What do you mean he’s supposed to be smaller? Of course he’s an adult an- what? No! Are you sure that’s the last thing you remember? …they are scratching on the inside of your brain…? I… what?
:ElirazRUST:
:UnknownKAK: Err… I mean… I’m… um…
:ElirazRUST: You have to be the worst thief I’ve ever met.

Insert voices in your head…_
>>
No. 555586 ID: 7bbaae

>>555578
Well if Shadow is helping him then she somehow survived despite being registered as killed. Up to you if you want to kill her again sortof, try to imprison her despite her shadow abilities so we can keep track, or have mercy and try to get her on our side. It sortof seems like she's... behaving passively. She's damaged?

At any rate, find out how your wallet was retrieved. Shouldn't that have been impossible?

If you can get a private conversation, find out what Shadow is telling this guy. Also, maybe warn him about her.
>>
No. 555587 ID: c7ab83

Mother's wrath impending!
Give him whatever penalty one gets for trying to rob the FREAKING PRINCE!! And book it!
>>
No. 555598 ID: 87e6c2

If you have time, interrogate him. Why did he steal your wallet, What is Shadow talking about, how is she still alive, etc.

If you have no time, Lock 'em up, put 'em on suicide watch or whatever and go grab some lunch.

[Message player Grey]: REMOVE THIEF remove thief. You are worst thief. you are the thief idiot you are the thief smell.
>>
No. 555599 ID: d2995c

He sounds like he has some kind of amnesiac Shadow in him. An old save state, maybe?
Ask him if he is Grey.

Is it possible to lock up someone who apparently has shadow powers like your own?
Also, what weapon did he have on him?
>>
No. 555601 ID: d315b1

>>555598
I support this.
>>
No. 555626 ID: beeca1

Eh, let's not give Shadow another chance. Just kill him.
>>
No. 555630 ID: 96b823

Wait, wait, wait! Hold on a second here. You hearing what this guy is saying under his breath? He called you "little gecko." Only your mom calls you that. And the rest of the exchange points to his player knowing you when you were younger, but its memory was cut off back then. ...Eliraz, I think this is one of Red's pawns.

Somehow Red is back. Except... Why would Red reveal he's still in the game? If everyone believed him dead it's in his interest to keep that belief up. It doesn't make any sense to bring your attention to him like this. Unless... Unless it's not Red.

Eliraz, you know that a player can take direct control of a pawn. You personally experienced it with Grey, and we suspect Blue is doing the same to Eliros. What if Red did the same to Leanah and succeeded, pushing her mind into the depths. After all, we only have the sultan's word she killed Red, or even that Red is dead. This could be Leanah somehow commanding one of Red's pawns to get your attention.

We must interrogate this pawn quickly, before his player has a chance notice and kill him. Order the guards to restrain him, then say you will grant a full pardon if he tells you everything he knows about the master in his mind as fast as he can. Start with his master's name, the last thing his master remembered, and who is scratching the inside of his master's brain.

If this pawn isn't dead by the end of that I'd like to take him somewhere to talk in more detail, but not where anybody else can hear. Is there a hiding spot only you and Grey knew of? One only reachable by "shadow walking?" If so then take him there, but blindfold him first so his player can't see who you are.

We need to speak to a player that was around when Red supposedly died and ask if they got his death message. The only one we could talk to is Pink, so we need to get to Elizah soon and ask that.
>>
No. 555640 ID: 5ce288

Absolutely do not kill any other players unless it's clear peace can't be reached. What we did with grey was desperation. Let's not let that become our normal way of operating.
>>
No. 555707 ID: b3ca75
File 138910375982.png - (22.29KB , 900x450 , 33.png )
555707

>Find out how your wallet was retrieved. Shouldn't that have been impossible?
Well yes, for anyone without my… or his powers… but it just happened that I “accidently” left it on his person where the guards would find it… wops~
>What weapon did he have on him?
A fine dagger, made to be used for utility rather than combat.
>Is it possible to lock up someone who apparently has shadow powers like your own?
Like mine… hmmm… I don’t think so… but he doesn’t really seems very adept at using them.
>Mother's wrath impending!
Mother can wait. Being robbed in the middle of the street by this… thing is probably a valid excuse of being late.

>[Message player Grey]: REMOVE THIEF remove thief. You are worst thief. you are the thief idiot you are the thief smell.
[Message from Grey: Who are you? What are you? Why… why do you have my king? My old king?]
>We must interrogate this pawn quickly, order the guards to restrain him and then say you will grant a full pardon if he tells you everything he knows about the master in his mind as fast as he can.
:UnknownKAK: M-my master?
:ElirazRUST: The voices in your head.
:UnknownKAK: The voi- you know about them!?
:ElirazRUST: Tell me everything… NOW!
:UnknownKAK: Err… she came to me just a day ago? Said that she was called grey… or shadow… she rather be called shadow…
:ElirazRUST: Why did you steal my wallet?
:UnknownKAK: …y-you were there? And… you looked rich? It kind of was a spur of the moment thing… err…
:ElirazRUST: How is she still alive?
:UnknownKAK: …Um… she died? She says she can’t have died… she wouldn’t remember if she did… err… she says something is wrong… she isn’t supposed to know that you forget if you die?
:ElirazRUST: What is the last thing she remember before coming to you?
:UnknownKAK: …That you were young… in a dress? Happy? Then… then things came crawling from the darkness, whispering, scratching on the inside of her head…
:ElirazRUST: …what came?
:UnknownKAK: …laughing while the world became one of horrors, pulsating flesh spewing out diseased bile and the rotten carcasses covered in erupting boils… ew… I… I think you made her cry… you jerk.
:ElirazRUST:
:UnknownKAK: …um… I’ve told you everything so… you gave me your word that I would get a pardon, right? …right?

Insert Diagonaling around at the speed of twisted_
>>
No. 555708 ID: dbe554

So wait...If his tales are correct, than that means player Grey got Corrupted by something else... Which means the game has changed.
>>
No. 555717 ID: 7bbaae

>>555707
Oh my god. This is bad. If there's something that can drive a Player crazy, then this threatens the stability of the entire game. Tell the poor guy that we may be able to help.

Take him to where you first met Rose, or some other location with a reflective floor. Then we can take a look at Shadow to see what's wrong with her.

[Message to Grey: Pull it together. We are like you, and we can help. Probably. Do you have any other pawns?]
>>
No. 555735 ID: 627d94

Dangit, someone forgot to uncheck the "respawn enemy AI" box when they started this game of Civ. We killed grey, and then she just got to restart with a new king!

>[Message from Grey: Who are you? What are you? Why… why do you have my king? My old king?]
[Message to Grey: ...we're a player like youself. We talk and work with people.

As for your old king, we have him because you came into conflict with us. You tried to kill our king, and were raving like a madman about some plan to possess your king wholey- to kill him and take his body for yourself. We... objected. There was a conflict and you did not survive.

Or so we thought. Honestly, I'm not sure why you're still alive, or have a hole in your memories.

I'm not fully sure what happened to you before, or what your motives were either. But if you're not out to do anything terrible to anyone, we don't have an interest in continuing a feud with you.]
>>
No. 555740 ID: b3ca75
File 138912730195.png - (38.79KB , 900x450 , 34.png )
555740

>Take him to where you first met Rose, or some other location with a reflective floor. Then we can take a look at Shadow to see what's wrong with her.
:UnknownKAK: Hey, where are you- you promised that you would give me a pardon!
:ElirazRUST: I promised to give you one when you’ve told me everything. We need to go somewhere a bit more private for a while. Guard, give a massage to the Sultan that I will be a bit late. I have urgent business to attend to.
:GuardRUST: Yes, Sire!

>[Message to Grey: Pull it together. We are like you, and we can help. Probably. Do you have any other pawns?]
[…I don’t have enough power… I’ve just started… I’m still weak…]
>As for your old king, we have him because you came into conflict with us.
[We did? I can’t remember… I’m sorry?]
>I'm not fully sure what happened to you before, or what your motives were either. But if you're not out to do anything terrible to anyone, we don't have an interest in continuing a feud with you.
[We simply seek to survive… what else is there to do?]
:ElirazRUST: (…win?)
[How can you win when there is no ending? How many ages has passed since we started? We keep playing without a purpose…]

:UnknownKAK: Um… are you going to keep staring at me or…?
:ElirazRUST: Be quite, I’m talking with your head voice.
:UnknownKAK: …I don’t think this is completely legal pro-
:SultanRUSTED: Eliraz, what are you doing? Why aren’t you ready for our grand feast?
:ElirazRUST: M-mother? I… err… I’m a bit busy…
:SultanRUSTED: Busy with what? Trying to sneak away with another behind Jericho’s back? Shame on you, gecko!
:ElirazRUST: What!? NO! That’s not… why did you even consider that!?

Insert My beloved mother smother_
>>
No. 555742 ID: 7bbaae

>>555740
Grey just looks like a grey clone of the poor sap she's got as a pawn, just like Rose did. Can't see anything interesting about her, but the reflection isn't big enough to see her in her entirety. Are there any full-body mirrors in the palace? I wonder why Grey turned into that big shapeshifting shadow-thing that you killed? Was that the power of the hallucinogens?

Oh, speaking of Rose, where did the princess go? She's with Artemis so she should be safe, but she might be worrying about you if she lost track of you completely.

Explain to your mother that you just found out that when a Player dies they respawn with amnesia, using a new pawn. This guy here is Grey's new pawn. This means Red is still out there somewhere too. Finding Red and bringing him over to our side would be a good idea. The more Players we have on our side, the more likely we can end the game.
>>
No. 555749 ID: 9ddf68

...Does your mom always just assume you're trying to be with someone romantically just because you're standing next to them? If so that would explain somewhat why you had some trouble socializing in the past.

But yeah, we found the old voice that was possessing you in someone new and we're trying to piece together how that works.
>>
No. 555751 ID: 88960e

>what are you doing
Grey found a new player. Although apparently her memory has been knocked back to my childhooh.

>what is there to do and other depressing stuff
Well, really, not having an objective isn't that different from how normal people live their lives. We just try and help who we can, generally make things better.

That sounds like the beginnings of depression, there. Perhaps that's what made you desperate, before? I don't know how long you've lived this life or played this game, but you shouldn't despair or give up hope. There's still life to be had.
>>
No. 555753 ID: 87e6c2

[Message player grey: Now, questions for you, and keep your pawns' situation in mind when you answer; What do you know about key stones? Words of power? Other players? The Napoleonic wars? Resources? You say 'ages', do you mean technology levels or time?]

Tell her that Grey, your head voice, is back, which points to Red being back which points to a whole other mess of crap we have to sort through. You may have to explain all this again when you're at the feast, but whatever.

Unless you have any further business with worst thief, tell him to get the hell out of dodge before you change your mind, and if you EVER see his face again he'll wish he jumped off the world wall.
>>
No. 555754 ID: d0e0a2

Geez, that the hell is with your mom? Has she always been like this? Well, I say it's time to lay down the law. Call her out on jumping to conclusions. You're not some fickle child; You're an adult, so you'd appreciate a little trust on her part that you'll stay with Jericho.

That said, point down at Grey Shadow's reflection in the water and say that this was what you were dealing with. Grey's back, yet doesn't remember all the time she was a massive controlling psycho-bitch to you. Then lay out what happened, starting with him taking your wallet, and what you and us have learned.

Now would be the time to ask Leanah how she managed to defeat and kill Red, and if Red always behaved the same or if his behavior suddenly changed. If his behavior changed, ask when, then compare that to when Grey last remembered you. If the times are near I suspect something came from the shadows and corrupted Red and Grey.

Speaking of Pink: Where's Elizah? We ought to talk to her and Pink about this. Get her up to speed on this and check what game announcements Pink can remember from back then.

[Message to Grey: We wish to get to the bottom of what happened to you. Ally with us and we will protect you and your king.] Get the thief's name and stash him someplace in the palace under watch but not guard. He can stay in Ilbir's servant's chamber, since it's empty.
>>
No. 555759 ID: b3ca75
File 138913346797.png - (38.90KB , 900x450 , 35.png )
555759

>Grey just looks like a grey clone of the poor sap she's got as a pawn, just like Rose did.
Actually… it looks more like a lizard clad in gray clothes…
>Geez, that the hell is with your mom? Has she always been like this? Well, I say it's time to lay down the law. Call her out on jumping to conclusions. You're not some fickle child; You're an adult, so you'd appreciate a little trust on her part that you'll stay with Jericho.
:ElirazRUST: -and I can make decisions myself and accept the consequences they bring! I am not-
:SultanRUSTED: While I am a bit proud that you’ve grown a bit of a backbone, Eliraz, you’ve yet mastered the art of detecting sarcasm. I was just teasing you, no need to declare war over a bit of humor.
:ElirazRUST: Oh… right… sorry for… um… jumping to conclusions… I guess…

>Point down at Grey Shadow's reflection in the water and say that this was what you were dealing with.
:SultanRUSTED: …water? Or do you mean reflections?
:ElirazRUST: …you can’t see it? Hmm...
>Grey's back, yet doesn't remember all the time she was a massive controlling psycho-bitch to you. Then lay out what happened, starting with him taking your wallet, and what you and us have learned.
:SultanRUSTED: ...so they come back… interesting… hmm… that would… maybe… Red is still here and… Eliros… hmm…
>Now would be the time to ask Leanah how she managed to defeat and kill Red, and if Red always behaved the same or if his behavior suddenly changed.
:SultanRUSTED: It’s hard to describe but… it was a battle of minds, so to speak. He tried to consume my mind and I… well… I crushed him… but he was able to wound me rather severely.
:ElirazRUST: …that’s why you died, wasn’t it? It wasn’t complications from laying us… was it?
:SultanRUSTED: …indeed. That’s how I died.
>Where's Elizah?
:SultanRUSTED: She is entertaining the guest and introducing Jericho to them and vice versa.

>[Message player grey: What do you know about key stones? Words of power? Other players? The Napoleonic wars? Resources? You say 'ages', do you mean technology levels or time?]
[New event: Collect 8 keys and a lesser rune to gain access to a great rune. / You are the only other player I know of. /…what is Napoleonic? Is it a kind of cheese?/ …and resources? What do you mean? Pawns? Gold? /…ages means time… doesn’t it?]
>That sounds like the beginnings of depression, there. Perhaps that's what made you desperate, before? I don't know how long you've lived this life or played this game, but you shouldn't despair or give up hope. There's still life to be had.
[I will lose again… won’t I? I’m weak… everyone else is strong… I’ve already lost…]
>We wish to get to the bottom of what happened to you. Ally with us and we will protect you and your king.
[Why? Why would I trust you? You already admitted killing me before… and you stole my old king. You are a lot stronger than me… how can I trust that you’ll simply take my king again when he’s grown strong and fat with power like your king and queen? Please stop playing games with me and end it already… maybe I’ll get a better start next time? This thief was worthless anyway… maybe I should try another build? Hmm...]

Insert We need a cute puppy and/or kitty! Stat!_
>>
No. 555760 ID: 7bbaae

>>555759
Another reflection behind Grey! BLUE! Get out of there, Grey! Eliros, that guard is one of Blue's pawns! Probably.

Also, our mysterious benefactor is in the tree above you, Eliros.
>>
No. 555761 ID: 9ddf68

damn this place is getting crowded fast.

Anyways, shadow, We killed you last time because you freaking attacked us... for no reason really, we just showed up and you just started hating us more and more until you finally just attacked us. Also you said it yourself, we've all been at this for what, ages. How many times have we simply died and started over without realizing that we died, how long have we played this pointless game? All I'm saying at least agree to a cease fire with us and maybe if we can work together we can finally end this game. Also if we do that, got any suggestions for the next one?
>>
No. 555775 ID: 88960e

>how can I trust you?
You're right. You have no way to know if we're being honest. There's only one way to be certain: give us a chance. See if we live up to our words.

We're not interested in stealing pawns or kings. We only interfered with you before because you chose to try and harm people we cared about.
>>
No. 555788 ID: d0e0a2

[Message to Grey: Guard is Blue pawn! Blue aura flare! Dodge and run!]
Eliraz, Alert! Assassination attempt! Guard's reflection flared blue aura; Probable Blue sacrificial pawn for magic strike. Eyes in tree canopy adjacent to you; Likely invisible assassin. Grab the sultan and use everything you got to get out of here or into hard cover!

>Collect 8 keys and a lesser rune to gain access to a great rune.
Dammit, Blue/Eliros is farther along then I thought. He already has the lesser rune from the Marches and at least two key stones, but not yet eight since his men struck Ilbir's dig looking for one. He's likely moving on this city to make a push in to reach the great rune vault once he has everything ready. We have to confirm the vault's location so we can defend it and secure our key stones in Jericho ASAP.
>>
No. 555842 ID: b3ca75
File 138919463807.png - (41.49KB , 900x450 , 36.png )
555842

>You're right. You have no way to know if we're being honest. There's only one way to be certain: give us a chance. See if we live up to our words.
[…just end it already…]
>if we can work together we can finally end this game.
[Why? Do you not like the friends you’ve made here?]
ElirazRUST: (Err… question: what happen to us if we “win”?)
[The board is wiped clean for a new game…]

>Eliraz, Alert! Assassination attempt!
:ElirazRUST: Assassins! Take cover!
:SultanRUSTED: WHAT!? Praetorians, to me! Where, Eliraz, where!?
:ElirazRUST: The guard in front of us is a pawn of blue! And the in the tree! I saw something there too!
:PeepRUST: *Twitter*
:SultanRUSTED: …like a bird? And you saw a blue reflation in the water?
:ElirazRUST: Err… alright, the bird was a mistake but trust me! I saw him being controlled by blue!
:GuardRUST: …ma’am?
:SultanRUSTED: …*sigh* Guards, arrest him… I hope you’re right, little gecko.
:GuardRUST: What? You can’t ju-
:GuardRUST: You heard the lady, now move it!
:SultanRUSTED: …what are we even supposed to do with him? It isn’t his fault someone else can see through his eyes… and we really need to get back to the feast, the guests are probably getting impatience by now.

Insert Bird is the word_
>>
No. 555843 ID: 0c2931

>.<
Better safe then sorry? This is kinda really embarrassing...But yeah, we're kind of paranoid. Sort of thing that happens after INFINITE ILLUSION LOOP OF DOOM!
>>
No. 555846 ID: dbe554

So rather then winning..We need to find a way to make an eternal stalemate?

We don't want people to be wiped away. We don't even like calling our friends pawns and knights because that devalues them.
>>
No. 555851 ID: 7bbaae

>>555842
Er, what is that flaming thing right there? That looks like what was in the tree, not the bird.
>>
No. 555856 ID: 627d94

>But yeah, we're kind of paranoid.
...it's a drawback of our perspective. Oftentimes we only have a moment to react when something is wrong, which means we've grown used to reacting fast to anything odd. Which can sometimes mean embarrassingly jumping at nothing.

>winning wipes the board clean
Maybe winning isn't all it's cracked up to be, then. We've no interest in seeing a world die. We'd be much happier to see things made happier and stable. Make up our own win condition.

>just kill me already
No. We have no reason to want you dead, and would prefer to help you find a reason to live. The only reason we will raise our hands against you again is if you force us to- trying to harm or destroy those in our care, or violently betraying your responsibilities to those who should be in your own.

...you are free to make your own decisions now. Your king has been arrested for petty theft, but there's any number of ways he can work out some kind of bargain for release, or that you can help him bypass mundane security and escape. The choice is yours, and even if you find yourself on the wrong end of this kingdom's laws, we will still not be your enemy unless you chose it.
>>
No. 555868 ID: d0e0a2

I know I saw a pair of eyes in that tree, and they definitely were not bird eyes. Probably the Masked Man screwing with us again.

What the heck is that flaming floating creature next to Esiros' statue? Fire elemental or something? I hope that's one of your units.

[Message to Grey: I thought you said there were no win conditions anymore? Well, whatever it is, we're making it our personal win condition to make sure nobody can win. An eternal stalemate. And we won't end you; You've done no harm to us. Keep it that way and you'll be fine. You're free to leave. There's big trouble coming, so I suggest running far away from this desert, perhaps across the sea.]
Eliraz, stay true to your word and pardon this thief. Have him taken to the city gates and stuck on the next caravan to a port city.

As for the guard, he hasn't done anything wrong but we can't have a Blue pawn in the palace, or even anywhere of import to us. Best I can think of is to reassign him to some backwater far from here and anything possibly important to us or Blue until Blue is dealt with.
>>
No. 555875 ID: b3ca75
File 138920988613.png - (14.75KB , 900x450 , 37.png )
555875

>What is that flaming thing right there?
Its mother’s flame elemental. She is a powerful mage, after all.
>I thought you said there were no win conditions anymore?
[Nobody has to win to end the game… No one can win but everyone can lose…]
>You're free to leave. There's big trouble coming, so I suggest running far away from this desert, perhaps across the sea.
[…you’re letting us go? Why? We don’t understand?]
>Eliraz, stay true to your word and pardon this thief. Have him taken to the city gates and stuck on the next caravan to a port city.
:ElirazRUST: …I gave you my word. You’re free to go. I will have you escorted to a caravan going to a port city for you to leave this nation.
:UnknownKAK: W-what? But… I don’t want to leave! What about my home? My friends?
:ElirazRUST: If your smell is anything to go by I’m going to guess you sleep behind a trash heap.
:UnknownKAK: …it’s more of an pile but-
:ElirazRUST: If I give you 1000 crows will you go away?
:UnknownKAK: Across the sea you say? …you know… I’ve always wanted to see snow ever since I was small… consider me gone, then! Tally ho!

>As for the guard, he hasn't done anything wrong but we can't have a Blue pawn in the palace, or even anywhere of import to us. Best I can think of is to reassign him to some backwater far from here and anything possibly important to us or Blue until Blue is dealt with.
:GuardRUST: B-but… what about my family? I have a wife and kids!
:SultanRUSTED: Then consider yourself promoted, corporal, and transferred to the main city district. Just keep yourself away from the higher city and the palace for now on.
:GuardRUST: Thank you, my liege! Oh, I’ll finally afford that toy guard set with wooden raptors my son always wanted…



:JerichoRUSTED: I don’t know… I feel a bit… posh?
:ReiznRUST: It’s called being clean, your excellency. Now… what do you think about the colors? I say that you look just dashing in purple, don’t you think? Hmm… and headwear? Do you rather have a turban or a golden headband? Turbans are all the range this season but maybe you rather go against the crowd? And we can’t forget the jewelry! Tail rings is a must! Hmm opals or rubies? …maybe emeralds?
:JerichoRUSTED: Err…
:ReiznRUST: Yes, exalted one?

Insert Let’s play dress up!_
>>
No. 555877 ID: 0c2931

Looking good I think!
But what do YOU think? It seems to me, at least, that you aren't all that comfortable in those clothes. Why is that?
>>
No. 555879 ID: 7bbaae

Jeez, your wrappings were dirty this whole time? I thought they were supposed to be that color.

Ask for something with less gold. Right now you've got more bling than the sultan. I liked the old outfit better honestly, but I could see why they wouldn't want you walking around in a servant's robe. Oh, that robe would look good without the giant amulet, I guess. Also I don't like the golden horns, but it seems that the other members of the royal family all have them...

Also it would be nice to have something you can put armor over. Gotta protect your core.
>>
No. 555882 ID: 87e6c2

Aww, I liked the grey linens. Matched your personality.

The gold/brass bits look uncomfortably like manacles, and you need new shoes. Oh, and our player color is teal, if you wanna give that a shot.
>>
No. 555886 ID: dbe554

>>555882

Teal it is! Sure it's pretty showy but it's not like everyone doesn't just find us anyways.

Teal coloring with teal jewels
>>
No. 555895 ID: 7bbaae

Personally I don't think we should be flashing our player colors everywhere... although it occurs to me that Red and Blue seem to be doing that.

Besides, purple has been our thematic color so far, why change that?
>>
No. 555927 ID: 5ce288

Hey guys, remember way back?

>…I’d always wanted to wear pink…

I think we know what has to be done for Jericho.
>>
No. 555930 ID: 9ddf68

look if we're picking an outfit that we're going to have to wear day after day I rather not have it have so many pieces that even with a full army of tailors at our command would take over an hour to get everything on. Just say you're good as you are and if he tries to push you into wearing more crap just say you'd like to earn them through work and not blood or something like that. Just try to play it humble.
>>
No. 556000 ID: d0e0a2

Wow! This is what you look like when clean? Your wrappings weren't anywhere near this white after your previous baths. What'd they do, soak you in bleach this time?

Oh, hey, that's us in the mirror. [Perch on Jericho's nose] Okay, I think we've done the time warp again, so I can say for sure Eliraz is going to be late. Just listen for a commotion in the courtyard and you'll know he's soon to arrive. He'll fill you in on what happened then.

Now, I'd say that outfit's a pretty good start. Gold and purple are a nice color pairing; Very regal. Just needs a bit of tweaking.

First, swap that tight belt for one that curves down. The curve will complement the collar better and get rid of that distracting horizontal line from cuff to cuff. Next, narrow and shrink the gold area behind the belt to a vertical line; It's too attention grabbing right now. Stop it before it reaches the belt.

It'd be a shame to cover your gold horn caps with a turban, so go with the headband; A gold one inset with an amethyst to continue the purple motif.

Drop the tail rings. Instead go with a line of gold pins attached to your wraps down the ridge of your tail. Intersperse the line with a few amethyst pins.

Raise the hemline of the robes so you could run without risk of catching your feet. Then don a pair of pointy-toe shoes that's a darker shade of purple than the robes.

And just for giggles see what you'd look like wearing a fez. A purple one with a gold tassel.

I'm guessing you're feeling uncomfortably posh right about now. Don't worry, you only have to wear this getup for formal occasions. The rest of the time you can wear something simpler in a similar style.
>>
No. 556046 ID: 627d94

That outfit looks a little too fancy. I know he's technically royalty now, but we could cut down on the guilt a bit.
>>
No. 556125 ID: b3ca75
File 138928089770.png - (7.36KB , 900x450 , 38.png )
556125

>It seems to me, at least, that you aren't all that comfortable in those clothes. Why is that?
Well… I’m used to be dressed in a piece of cloth that I picked up from a corpse that was my general size. This this is a bit… tight compared to that…
>Jeez, your wrappings were dirty this whole time? I thought they were supposed to be that color.
Of course not. The necromancers replaced the lines with fine white silk while they was tinkering with my runes and installed that secret compartment in my chest. They told me I should choose any color I wanted to but… yeah, white fits the best, don’t you think?
>Right now you've got more bling than the sultan.
It’s yellow fabric, not gold. I don’t really have any bling on me at all right now… except the horns…

>But what do YOU think?
:JerichoRUSTED: Hmm… I don’t really know about this stuff… but… what do you think Eliraz would like to see me in?
:ReiznRUST: I’m sure his supremacy would find you beautiful in any clothes… or without them. But… I do know for a fact that he’s very fond of silk, so your new wrappings will be quite the success, I believe.
>Hey guys, remember way back? “I’d always wanted to wear pink”? I think we know what has to be done for Jericho.
:ReiznRUST: Pink? Hmm… If I was you I would save that for the bedroom. The prince does like both fine wine and rough whisky, so to speak… I’m sure he would be quite pleased to find out that you can combine both. In fact, if you look me up later today I can help you finding some clothes and the like that would really rise the prince’s spirit… and other things…
:JerichoRUSTED: I… I… err… I’ll keep that in mind…
:ReiznRUST: I’m here to serve, master.

>Now, I'd say that outfit's a pretty good start. Gold and purple are a nice color pairing; Very regal. Just needs a bit of tweaking.
Presenting… Costume Nr. 1!
:ReiznRUST: Ah, just beautiful! Excellent!
:ElizahRUST: Hmm… those tail pins doesn’t really fit if you ask me.
:JerichoRUSTED: Elizah!? Where did you-
:ElizahRUST: Mother asked me to check why you’re taking so long. But hush, I’m trying to enjoy the show~
>And more tweaking…
Presenting… Costume Nr. 2!
:ReiznRUST: Hmm… the turban kind of disappears in all the white… maybe we should have used a different color?
:ElizahRUST: The tail rings are good, tough, really brings out your sweet bu- I mean tail.
>I don't like the golden horns and you need new shoes.
Presenting… Costume Nr. 3!
:ReiznRUST: Simple… but effective.
:ElizahRUST: Did you really need to wear your old leather boots?
>Teal coloring with teal jewels. And just for giggles see what you'd look like wearing a fez.
Presenting… Costume Nr. 4!
:ReiznRUST: Hmm… I have to say, purple is more of your color. And the fez is clearly a crime against fashion! Burn it!
:ElizahRUST: What the bug said. BURN THE FEZ!!
>Also it would be nice to have something you can put armor over. Gotta protect your core.
Presenting… Costume Nr. 5!
:ReiznRUST: I’m sure master Eliraz would appreciate this. He’s always been dreaming of a knight that would come and sweep him of his feet. But… it’s a bit boring, don’t you think?
:JerichoRUSTED: Um… I got Eliraz old breastplate if you want something a bit more… fancy?
:ReiznRUST: You do? Perfect!
>Eliraz breast plate.
Presenting… Costume Nr. 6!
:ReiznRUST: Now there’s a real knight.
:ElizahRUST: A strong knight in a nice suit of armor? What’s there not to like?
:JerichoRUSTED: Do I really need to wear the helmet all the time?
:ReiznRUST: Of course not, but… as you can’t really get tired, need to eat or… uneat, so to speak, a suit of armor wouldn’t be a real hassle for your to wear. Besides, it’s designed to be easy to take off and on. So… what do you think? What do you want to wear?
:JerichoRUSTED: …um…

[All costumes can be combined as you please, example by putting the tail rings from costume 2 to costume 1.]

Insert Welcome back to the white void of doom… we’ve missed you_
>>
No. 556126 ID: dbe554

Tailrings of 2, gem color of 1, and the rest of 3 look really good.
>>
No. 556134 ID: db7998

>>556126
Sounds good.
>>
No. 556138 ID: 7bbaae

>>556125
I like the last outfit for armor. Of course, no need to wear it all the time. Just when you're out on a mission. Or you could just wear the breastplate, really.
>>
No. 556156 ID: 2f4b71

Try wearing the breastplate over one of the outfits, with the rest of the suit of armour under the outfit. Same protection, the breastplate looks suitably knightly, and the rest of the outfit makes it fine enough for formal everyday wear.
>>
No. 556160 ID: 9ddf68

split between 3 and 6 for me. Would go 6 but always where armor sounds like a pain even if you don't really need to take it off, plus it would probably make it kinda a bitch to get towards your storage compartment with all that on. On the plus side it looks cool and it would make it very hard for someone to get a lucky shot on you.

And 3 because it's simple sweet and to the point
>>
No. 556177 ID: d0e0a2

The second one looks like a good start, but throw out the turban, add the headband from the first one and the high collar trim from the third.

Lose the gold horn caps. With all the white silk on your head there's already enough light color there. Then the headband will stand out better and your dark horns will make a nice contrast.

The last suit of armor looks good to keep around for when you're outside the palace and it's not for a royal function. Have the shoulders colored purple and get an armor stand for it. Also have the helmet view port enlarged, since you are a mage and having clear vision for targeting is important. Perhaps there's enchanted glass or something similar that's tough enough to put in so it'd still protect your eyes.

Oh, and before leaving ask Reizn if he has identified the magic core in your locket yet so you can get it back. Then perhaps you could get the pictures reproduced in a locket more befitting nobility and keep the original someplace safe.

And now that I can see it on you, I wholeheartedly agree with Reizn and Elizah about the fez. Only keep it as a target to toss around during your mage training.
>>
No. 556218 ID: b3ca75
File 138930998855.png - (27.01KB , 900x450 , 39.png )
556218

>3 and 6…
:ReiznRUST: Simply magnificent, if I had to say so myself, your excellency. Of course, if you ever feel uncomfortable in your breast plate, feel free to take it off.
:ElizahRUST: You look like a magic knight. Both wielding the sword as well as magic… quite fitting.
:ArtemisRUST: I liked the last suit the best. You looked like a cool iron golem… all whack whack bzzz whack blammo whack!
:ElizahRUST: And that’s why I asked you to stay quiet, sweetie.
[You gained “Royal clothes!” and “Royal armor!”]

>Ask Reizn if he has identified the magic core in your locket yet so you can get it back.
:ReiznRUST: Ah, yes, I’ve… well, I’ve yet figure out what it does exactly, but I do know it’s an old artifact from the ancient era. I’ll share my findings with Ilbir as soon as I can, my lord, and see what he says. Meanwhile, can I suggest you put it somewhere safe? Ancient artifacts like this tend to be… volatile, oh great one.
>Then perhaps you could get the pictures reproduced in a locket more befitting nobility and keep the original someplace safe.
:ReiznRUST: If you wish, I’ll put these beautiful picture somewhere a bit more… fitting. Just let me keep the locket for a while longer and I’ll have it fixed in no time, exalted one.
>Now that I can see it on you, I wholeheartedly agree with Reizn and Elizah about the fez. Only keep it as a target to toss around during your mage training.
[You gained “Crime against fashion!”]

:ReiznRUST: Well then, my lord, if it wasn’t anything else… let’s go meet the guests for this meal, shall we?
:JerichoRUSTED: G-guests!? You guys didn’t say anything about any guests!?
:ReiznRUST: Do not fret, my lord, it’s only the commander of the guard, Temrock, the captain of the palace guards, Xaldin, and the vizier, which is to say me, are attending… and their families. So we’ll only be 21 people. Nothing to worry about.
:JerichoRUSTED: Still… t-that’s a lot of people…
:ReiznRUST: Oh, and of course you’re expected to hold a speech… you are going to be the center of attention after all… mostly because only the royal family and I know of your… status change. This meal is to your honor, master.
:JerichoRUSTED: S-Speech? But I-
:ReiznRUST: Oh, and the Sultan expects you to be on your best behavior! She won’t be happy if you embarrass yourself today.
:JerichoRUSTED: Gah...
:ElizahRUST: Don’t worry, Jericho, I’m sure it will be fine.
:ArtemisRUST: Oh, this is going to be fun! Preparing to laugh at Jericho!
:ElizahRUST: …Artemis, that’s not very nice…
:ArtemisRUST: But everyone else will laugh? Laugher is good, correct? Laugh at Jericho when he does wrong to make it better, correct?
:ElizahRUST: That’s… uh… not…

Insert Oh gods! They are multiplying! Kill them with fire!_
>>
No. 556219 ID: 9ddf68

when do we have to give the speech? Also do we have to talk to anyone?
>>
No. 556225 ID: 7bbaae

Aw nuts I didn't realize the breastplate was white, it blends in with your new bandages. Take it off for now, and use the other breastplate later.

Heh, that mantis in purple looks almost exactly like a kid version of Claire, aka your mantis god. Her antenna bangle is on the other side, that's the only difference. Probably an easter egg programmed into the game.

Hmm, your speech. I suspect we should write you one. It'll be a little bit before I have one prepared, I assume you won't have to deliver it immediately.
>>
No. 556226 ID: 9ddf68

>>556225
it's fine, we're done with the clothes for now. Besides we can always use that as an excess for get the hell out of here if we want to ditch later.
>>
No. 556227 ID: 87e6c2

Don't worry! speaking is what we do best!
...
Okay, it's all we can do, but we'll still help.

You might want to find someone like Elizah or Eliraz who can explain what fork to use and any ceremonious bits you haven't picked up on.
>>
No. 556312 ID: db7998

>Laugher is good, correct?
Uh, some laughter. Laughing with someone is nice. Laughing at them is mean.
>>
No. 556369 ID: b3ca75
File 138936063501.png - (31.69KB , 900x450 , 40.png )
556369

>Aw nuts I didn't realize the breastplate was white, it blends in with your new bandages.
Reizn s-said he should be able t-to change the color on it if I-I wanted to…
>Uh, some laughter. Laughing with someone is nice. Laughing at them is mean.
:ArtemisRUST: ...This social thing is hard…
>When do we have to give the speech?
:ReiznRUST: The sultan is probably going to introduce you to everyone right before we eat. It’s expected to say a few words then.
:JerichoRUSTED: W-wait… she’s going to introduce me to e-everyone at once!?
>Do we have to talk to anyone?
:ReiznRUST: Of course! You’re going to be the man of the hour after all… the center of attention… I’m sure everyone here will be interested to hear about the new royal cousin.
:JerichoRUSTED: gnt…

>You might want to find someone like Elizah or Eliraz who can explain what fork to use and any ceremonious bits you haven't picked up on.
Y-yes, I need… where’s Eliraz!? I n-need Eliraz!
:JerichoRUSTED: Um… where’s E-Eliraz? The p-prince?
:ElizahRUST: His a bit busy, but I’m sure he’ll be here an-
:ElirazRUST: My apologies for being late, ladies and gentlemen, but I had urgent business to attend to… wait, Jericho?
:ReiznRUST: If you’ll excuse me, I need to talk to the Sultan.
:ElirazRUST: Jericho… you look… gorgeous! A-and is that silk!? I… I don’t know how to- wait… are you shaking? Are you alright Jericho?
:JerichoRUSTED: Y-yes… it’s nothing…
:ElirazRUST: Are you sure? We don’t want to have a you shaking all over the place when you’re supposed to entertain the guest.
:JerichoRUSTED: I… I… I think I’m going to faint…
:ElirazRUST: …you’re and undead. You can’t faint…

Insert To many sprites…_
>>
No. 556376 ID: abffe3

Damn, if Eliraz still owned you he could've ordered you to calm down and bam, problem solved; now you're subject to your own Insecurities and only we can help ya there.
Just link your arm with him or something, physical contact might help calm you.
Wait! I see Terra over there, can she do any necromancy crap to chill you out?
>>
No. 556396 ID: 7bbaae

>>556369
Eliraz, Jericho has stage fright. Anything you can do to help?
>>
No. 556399 ID: db7998

>you’re an undead. You can’t faint…
Well, maybe there's no biological process for him to pass out. But what if he's freaked out badly enough for his mental processes to lock up?

Anyways, I think he's in need of some reassurances. Jericho's gone from a harsh depressing life to just starting to get used to an unexpected better (un)life as a servant, to being thrust into a social situation he's completely unprepared for. He's of out of his element here, and doesn't know how to cope.

Social stuff is hard. And while starting from nothing is frustrating, starting from something completely different can be even worse since you have all this other stuff in the way already. I mean, you guys were brought up in this. He wasn't.
>>
No. 556408 ID: b3ca75
File 138937914315.png - (31.67KB , 900x450 , 41.png )
556408

>Well, maybe there's no biological process for him to pass out. But what if he's freaked out badly enough for his mental processes to lock up?
:ElirazRUST: (Hmm… I’ve never thought about that… maybe the undead can faint? An interesting thought.)
>I think he's in need of some reassurances.
:ElirazRUST: Yes, of course. Jericho, you don’t need to worry. I’m here for you, alright? And besides, no one here will think of you differently if you act a bit off. At least… no one that matters.
>Just link your arm with him or something, physical contact might help calm you.
:ElirazRUST: Here, take my arm, handsome… feel better?
:JerichoRUSTED: …I little bit… yes…
>Don't worry! speaking is what we do best!
:JerichoRUSTED: (I… you’re right… as l-long as you are here I can stay calm… don’t panic. You’ll help me… just don’t disappear again and leave me here all al-



:KeerGuardRUST: Are you sure this is the right place?
:ThuulRUST: The blood trail goes here… and something must have scared away that pack of raptors from this cave.
:KeerGuardRUST: We’re talking about one wounded man! There’s no way he’d scare away a whole pack of raptors from their home like that. I mean, we found the man’s left arm! He’s should have bleed to death by now! You’re probably just tracking whatever that took a bite of his arm…
:ThuulRUST: His arm was gnawed off by human teeth… large human teeth.
:KeerGuardRUST: So you’re telling me outran our raptors, gnawed his own arm off and then scared away a whole pack of wild raptors?
:ThuulRUST: Killed some too… I can smell raptor blood… fresh. What do you think, boss?
:ThaarkRUST: I sure hope it’s him. I really don’t want to meet whatever else it can be in a dark cave… in fact, I rather not meet the guy either...
:UnknownKAK: Thng cgmg th fhgd, swhgm th fhgst, schgtching hn thg hnshgdh hf yhgtr mhnd hgnthtl hnly mhdnhgtss rhmhgns… chgnshmgtng yhgt frhgm wtthhgn…
:ThaarkRUST: …what did who say?
:ThuulRUST: It almost sounds like theen speaking with his mouth full, boss.
:UnknownKAK: Schgtch schgtch schgtch schgtch schgtch…

Insert And now for something completely different_
>>
No. 556410 ID: 7bbaae

>>556408
Uh, I don't think it's a good idea for you to go any further into that cave. Can you light it up while staying near the entrance? Like, by throwing a torch?
>>
No. 556413 ID: d0e0a2

...Well, that was a sudden and unexpected switch. Looks it's more important that we're here right now instead of guiding Jericho through his introduction speech.

Thaark, hold up. You're very likely facing a daemon here. It possessed Aviris' corpse, burst out of the skrang, came after the raiders, burst out of Aviris, possessed the vildman, ripped the raiders apart, then came here. It likely will chest-burst again and possess anyone who gets close, then use their body to rip everyone else apart.

The vildman is in the back of the cave, laying on the ground. I assume the host body is broken by now. I think the best option on hand is burning everything. That is unless you have explosives to collapse the cave. Ask the Keer guards for any lamp oil and torches they have. Lob the oil in, then the torches to light the whole mess ablaze, then back up at top speed.

I see "scratch scratch" written on the wall in blood. This may be related to the "scratching on the inside of my brain" Grey experienced. She might have been possessed by a daemon/broken Word all those years ago.
>>
No. 556416 ID: 9ddf68

I like how there's blood just written on the wall just at the edge of your light. Anyways you got anyone with you who can use fire magic cause that would make things a lot easier. If not get your weapons ready and be ready for anything.

hope this time switch thing lets us help Jericho in time
>>
No. 556419 ID: 7bbaae

"They come to feed, swarm to flesh, scratching in the (hnshgdh) of your mind until only madness remains, changing you from within"

I think we found Red's new pawn. Time for another player-kill.
>>
No. 556432 ID: dbe554

Weapons out and be prepared!
>>
No. 556433 ID: 87e6c2

Well now I don't know if you guys or Jericho are in a worse situation.

Whatever the hell it is we're looking at, it's pretty far gone. Let's skip the part where we attempt to reason with the thing that ripped itself out of a Skrang's chest and led a trail of death and blood it it's wake, and just kill the thing.

Nothing takes care of unseen enemies in enclosed spaces like fire. Just torching it would be optimal, but if you're going to moan about smoke inhalation and air supply, then smoke 'em out of the cave. A dark enclosed space is not a good place for a fight.
>>
No. 556434 ID: b3ca75
File 138938928115.png - (31.35KB , 900x450 , 42.png )
556434

>Thaark, hold up. You're very likely facing a daemon here.
…are you sure? They… t-they are just myths, right? At least if they do exist, they aren’t like the myths… right? Um… if you’re certain there’s a daemon here… a real one… I… I think the best course of action would be to steal a boat from the harbor and just flee over the great sea, hoping that thing doesn’t follow us.
>I think the best option on hand is burning everyone alive so no one can be possessed.
We only got two lanterns. If we sacrificed one of them we should be able to burn a corpse… if we took the time to pour the oil over it. Besides, I’m pretty sure if this really is a daemon that would only piss it off.
>You got anyone with you who can use fire magic cause that would mean you would need to crush their disgusting skulls against the rock… they are with the daemons… selling their souls… the only way to save yourself is to kill them… kill them all, Thaark.
Sorry, no magic users here… and you’re sounding a bit different, you know that?

>He’s saying "They come to feed, swarm to flesh, scratching on the inside of your mind until only madness remains… changing you from within… Jericho… rotten corpse… walking corpse slowly rotting away… disgusting… they all are… they all deserve to die… Jericho… Mor’kay… Eliros… Alir… they are all disgusting… they aren’t normal… they aren’t like you, Thaark… you have to kill them… break their bones, tear the flesh, spill their guts… they are freaks that needs to die… all of them… Thaark… remember the pain Thaark…".
…Okay, that’s… kind of morbid… and I’m pretty sure the thing he said was only long enough to include the non-whispering part.
>Can you light it up while staying near the entrance?
By using my portable, collapsible twelve foot pole… sure!
>Kill yourself.
Hmm… that would save my soul from being slowly ripped apart from a daemon, sure, but… if there isn’t one here it would be kind of a waste, wouldn’t it? …wait, why did I even consider that as an alternative!? Guys, stop giving me stupid ideas!
>Get your weapons ready and murder them… murder them all...
Right… except the murder part…

:UnknownKAK: Schgtch… schgtch… … …schgtch… … …
:ThuulRUST: …I’m pretty sure whatever was making that sound just… um… died… boss?
:ThaarkRUST: Stay vigilant, Thuul, we need to stay focused at the task at hand…
:KeerGuardRUST:
:ThaarkRUST:
:KeerGuardRUST: …I can’t see anything moving… err… should we try and go deeper?

Insert I can’t put my finger on it but… something is off, isn’t it?_
>>
No. 556436 ID: 7bbaae

>>556434
What? We didn't say all that! Get out of there! There's no point in going deeper and your soul is in peril!

Collapse the cave if you can, or at least put up a warning sign that there's a demon inside.
>>
No. 556437 ID: 9ddf68

it looks like a raptor body with wings.

anyways the bastard is somehow twisting what we say to say creepy things, Please ignore the creepy part of our messages as that isn't us.
>>
No. 556438 ID: beeca1

Yeah, our messages are being distorted. Of course, there's a good chance that now one of us will start saying genuinely creepy stuff to fuck with you, but ignore it anyway.

Get the fuck out, right now.
>>
No. 556439 ID: 834ce6

We're being msesed with somehow, which is why we sound different, more murderous. Get Out. Get to Safety.
>>
No. 556451 ID: 284f99

Yeah ignore anything the sounds crazy or self destructive.
They are more than the normal friendly and helpful voices here.

No we don't necessarily know why.

Yes this has happened before.

No not in this cycle.

Yes it dose mean the trouble is ahead.

No you can't get away from it.

Yes you can win and stay sane.

No it isn't necessarily easy.

Yes this is a bummer for us too.
>>
No. 556469 ID: b3ca75
File 138939955493.png - (32.81KB , 900x450 , 43.png )
556469

>What? We didn't say all that!
Of course not… it didn’t sound like you but… somehow, everything they said sounded very… appealing for a moment.
>it looks like a raptor body with wings.
…wings? What wings? You mean the horns? It’s a raptor cadaver alright, but it doesn’t have any wings. I think all the blood is confusing you.
>Collapse the cave if you can.
With what? I don’t generally carry around explosive… at least not of that magnitude.

>Get out of there! There's no point in going deeper and your soul is in peril!
:ThaarkRUST: We should get out of here… it’s dangerous.
:KeerGuardRUST: What? We’ve tracked a crazed and probably very dangerous individual here and you’re just going to leave him here? We need to make sure he’s dead like your friend says. Let’s go.
:ThaarkRUST: Wait, no- argh, stupid cannon fodder!
:KeerGuardRUST: Hmm… He’s successfully cut of both his arms and legs… impressive. But yes, he’s quite dead, just like you friend said and… wait, what’s this? He’s written something here with his own blood… “Mind of living is feast, Mind of broken is vessel, mind of unbroken is servant… rather face oblivion then be vessel… they will not use me…” …huh?
:ThaarkRUST: …you guys aren’t dead yet!? Color me surprised…

Insert Why won’t the red shirt just die already!!_
>>
No. 556471 ID: 7bbaae

>>556469
...interesting. I think that man saved us all by killing himself, because the crazy voices are gone. I'm not sure touching the body is safe, but I'd like to honor his sacrifice by giving him a proper sendoff.

Would burning the body be appropriate?
>>
No. 556472 ID: dbe554

Took me a minute to realize he didn't have no head. So much blood...
>>
No. 556473 ID: d0e0a2

I think in saving himself from becoming a daemonic vessel that vildman inadvertently saved you all by dying before the daemon could jump to another host. That killed the daemon, or at least banished it back to whatever hell it came from.

I don't trust that the body is safe to touch, or even be close to. Ask the guards to back up a bit while you and Thuul move up with the lantern. Once you're all within its glow then dump out the other lamp's oil on the corpse using your pole and ignite it. Then get the hell out of here.

>>556471
I think vildmen have a tradition of burning the dead on funeral pyres, so it wouldn't be out of line.

The names the daemon whispered, we've heard them before, save "Alir." Thaark, have you ever heard that name or a name similar to it before?

I'm still wondering how the heck that daemon got into Aviris in the first place. He should have been well dead by the time it burst out of that skrang... Unless... No. Daemon possessed skrangs are just too horrible a thought to think of.
>>
No. 556474 ID: 87e6c2

Check for spooky shit on the ceiling.

>Color me surprised…
There's been a low number of nameless goons dying this time around, and a high number of named character dying. The laws of the old world no longer apply here! WE'RE FLYING BLIND IN AN UNFAMILIAR LAND!!

AAAAGH QUICKLY THAARK BREAK THE FOURTH WALL IT'S THE ONLY WAY
>>
No. 556475 ID: 9ddf68

so what can you tell from looking at the body?
>>
No. 556492 ID: 74c4ad

Geeze, that's one tough mofo. He did all this jut to prevent himself from being controlled? And here I expected his demon to be the thing that forced him to do this, not what inspired him to do it in the face of it's control. Defiant to the end.

Pity there's not much we can do for him now.
>>
No. 556555 ID: b3ca75
File 138944863913.png - (28.73KB , 900x450 , 44.png )
556555

>Thaark, have you ever heard the name Alir or a name similar to it before?
Can’t say I have… sorry.
>AAAAGH QUICKLY THAARK BREAK THE FOURTH WALL IT'S THE ONLY WAY!
The fourth wall? Err… the cave only have three… kind of? What do you mean?
>So what can you tell from looking at the body?
:KeerGuardRUST: Let’s see… he’s lost both his legs and arms… and it seems to be self-inflicted by using his own teeth for some reason. He’s also been bleeding quite excessively from his eyes and his mouth is still full of his own blood and torn off flesh… no wonder he shouldn’t talk well. Clearly, this man wasn’t sane if he mutilated himself like this. I’m guessing he snapped and killed those back at the city before running away and killing himself. Wait… he got breasts? I mean she…
:ThaarkRUST: She?
:KeerGuardRUST: Both the males and females have beards… make it hard to spot the difference at times.

>Geeze, that's one tough mofo. He did all this jut to prevent himself from being controlled?
Better to die free then be killed as a slave, as some used to say. Those Vildmen are famous for being hard as rock, after all.
>Pity there's not much we can do for him now.
We can give him… her a proper send off.
>I think vildmen have a tradition of burning the dead on funeral pyres, so it wouldn't be out of line.
:ThaarkRUST: Might whatever god you believe in have mercy upon your soul, Vildman…
:KeerGuardRUST: Thank you for helping us track her down, mercenary. Here, take this as a sign of gratitude from the city. It’s 250 crows.
:ThaarkRUST: Thank you.



:UnknownKAK: EEEEKK!! FIRE!!
:XaldinRUST: We have the fire under control, my lady.
:SultanRUSTED: Ugh… Reizn, damage?
:ReiznRUST: A lot of the furniture is ruined as well as the food… but the good news is that no one seems to have gotten hurt, your excellency.
:SultanRUSTED: I knew Jericho would need someone to teach him magic but… I didn’t expect this. I didn’t know he was this scared of people… I mean, he was just supposed to present himself. If he why so scared of people why didn’t he tell me?
:ElizahRUST: I think he freaked out when he heard he was supposed to hold a speech…
:SultanRUSTED: …what speech? He was supposed to say something like “honor to be here”… not a whole speech… *Sigh* Reizn… please tell me you didn’t blow this out of proportions again…
:ReiznRUST: Err… well… my lady… um…
:ElirazRUST: Wait, where is Jericho?

Insert Happy birthday to me! …again… holy shit, it’s already been a year!?_
>>
No. 556562 ID: 834ce6

...Okay. I'd like to apologize for leaving at a bad time. As for what happened...We gained insight on the craziness that happened to Grey.
That said...Jericho flipped out? I'm guessing he probably would have ran to the prince's room or something. Ill-timed indeed.
>>
No. 556586 ID: 87e6c2

...He's gonna be mad at us, isn't he.

What happened? I'm guessing he panicked and had some kind of outburst, or otherwise lost control of his magic? It Artemis gone too?

Well there's no postponing it, we're switching to Jericho. We'll try to reconcile and/or coax him out of hiding, but you should start searching anyway because that may take awhile. Just don't frighten the guests.
[switch to Jericho]
>>
No. 556597 ID: 7bbaae

I'm not sure switching to Jericho is a good plan at the moment, since we will have no idea WHEN we'll switch to him.

Places to look: His room, the Library, anywhere without people.
>>
No. 556603 ID: 9ddf68

yeah we kinda got pulled away at a bad time...also what are all the guest looking at? I mean when there's a fire shouldn't they be looking at the chaos not away from in, and they don't look like they're running.
>>
No. 556607 ID: b3ca75
File 138946567823.png - (19.62KB , 900x450 , 45.png )
556607

>[switch to Jericho]
[Unable to switch to Jericho! Jericho is currently panicking!]
>What happened? I'm guessing he panicked and had some kind of outburst, or otherwise lost control of his magic?
I… I don’t fully know what happen. Things started burning and the drinks froze… I’m guessing he had a nervous breakdown and he lost control of his magic.
>what are all the guest looking at? I mean when there's a fire shouldn't they be looking at the chaos not away from in, and they don't look like they're running.
They are being led away from the chaos. We don’t want them around the fire, especially when there’s kids with them.
>I'd like to apologize for leaving at a bad time. As for what happened...We gained insight on the craziness that happened to Grey.
Well, you can tell me later, alright?
>Is Artemis gone too?
He’s helping quench the fire. Being fire proof helps a lot, you know.

>Places to look:
:ElirazRUST: I’ll find him mother, don’t you worry.
>the Library, the prince's room…
…he’s not in the library… or in my room… hmm…
>His room.
His room? He doesn’t actually have one… well… he had a room, Ilbir’s old servant quarter… maybe- err… what happened here?
*Scratch*Scratch*Scratch*

Insert How long have I been doing this? What have I too show for all this work?_
>>
No. 556610 ID: 9ddf68

huh, think I see a bit of tail poking out from the books there, and his book updated, joy
>>
No. 556611 ID: 7bbaae

>>556607
He's under the books. Reassure him that it's okay, nobody was hurt, and it turns out he wasn't actually expected to make a speech. Now that we know he's got a phobia of crowds it won't happen again. Also, start pulling the books off him.

Please tell me you can hear that scratching sound too.
>>
No. 556618 ID: d0e0a2

It looks like Jericho made a book fort to hide in. That's adorable, and kinda sad. He's gonna need a lot of hugs and comforting to come back from this.

Don't just walk right into his book fort; Approach and ask permission to come in, and do the same before touching or hugging him. Then you can say that the sultan isn't upset at him for what happened and explain how Reizn blew things out of proportion and that if the sultan does blame anybody it'll be Reizn.

...We. Uh. We also would like to apologize for not being there for Jericho. We were unexpectedly switched away to Thaark because he was about to walk into a likely fatal encounter with a daemon possessed vildman. We had to deal with that.

There was some scratching in here that sounded like a new entry being written in the book of prophecy. Lets take a look at that once Jericho is a little calmer.

...Wait a second. Where's the key stone? I really hope that Jericho put in his newly installed hidden compartment, but there's a decent chance it was stolen.
>>
No. 556620 ID: dbe554

Jeeze he even shattered the guard statue, didn't think he had that sort of force in him.

But yeah, call out to him gently, don't want to startle him.
>>
No. 556622 ID: b3ca75
File 138947018995.png - (19.22KB , 900x450 , 46.png )
556622

>It looks like Jericho made a book fort to hide in.
…I think fort is the wrong word here. It’s more of a pile… in fact, it’s like he just throw all from the shelfs unto the floor… I can’t belive he would be so reckless with the books… and the statue? Why did he break the statue?
>...Wait a second. Where's the key stone?
We moved it, remember? I’m pretty sure Jericho got it in his internal storage right now… both of them.
>We also would like to apologize for not being there for Jericho. We were unexpectedly switched away to Thaark because he was about to walk into a likely fatal encounter with a daemon possessed vildman. We had to deal with that.
No need to apologize, that’s clearly not your fault.

>Don't just walk right into his book fort; Approach and ask permission to come in, and do the same before touching or hugging him.
:ElirazRUST: …Jericho? Can I come in? …I’m sorry you got placed in that siuasion but… mother won’t be mad, I promise… err… Jericho? …you’re not in the pile are you? I’m talking with myself right? Dammit…
>There was some scratching in here that sounded like a new entry being written in the book of prophecy.
*Scratch*Scratch*Scratch*
No… it’s not the sound of something being written… it’s more like… claws scratching the stone… above me? It’s coming from Ilbir’s artifact collection…

Insert It’s probably just a bird, ignore it_
>>
No. 556623 ID: 9ddf68

oh so jericho didn't come threw here, it's something ransacking Ilbir's place. good to know.

...We should probably do something about this, like sneak in and see what's it doing without it spotting us.
>>
No. 556625 ID: dbe554

Ah so rather then a scared and panicked Jericho, we might be dealing with an intruder..Wonderful.

Grab some guards and go investigate.
>>
No. 556626 ID: 7bbaae

>>556622
Yeah, get guards and get up there. God I hope this isn't a demon.
>>
No. 556629 ID: 87e6c2

>scratching
be, very, very, VERY careful. This matches descriptions by grey, as well as Thaark's encounter with the dead Vildman. VERY dead Vildman. Something is driving people mad, something that isn't us. Sneak up there and see what's happening.
>>
No. 556631 ID: b3ca75
File 138947317287.png - (22.65KB , 900x450 , 47.png )
556631

>So rather than a scared and panicked Jericho, we might be dealing with an intruder… Wonderful.
I… err… um... just pretend I did a witty and sarcastic retort here.
>Grab some guards and go investigate.
I’ll leave them in the stairway, blocking the only way out while I use my powers to get a closer look.
>Sneak up there and see what's happening.
Hmm… This place seems rather untouched.
*Scratch*Scratch*Scratch*

Insert The daemon probably enjoys the displays. Alternative, books killed his parents_
>>
No. 556632 ID: 9ddf68

see something behind the statue
>>
No. 556633 ID: dbe554

That's Jericho, I can see his tailring from earlier.
>>
No. 556634 ID: 7bbaae

>>556631
That looks very much like Jericho's tail. Why is he here? Knock on the wall and ask him if he's alright. Don't get closer until he comes out on his own and seems stable.

Jericho, can you hear us? Please calm down, nobody has been hurt, and there wasn't even supposed to be a speech. You just had a magical accident, that's all.
>>
No. 556662 ID: b3ca75
File 138947797798.png - (23.57KB , 900x450 , 48.png )
556662

>That looks very much like Jericho's tail. Knock on the wall and ask him if he's alright. Don't get closer until he comes out on his own and seems stable.
:ElirazRUST: Jericho? Are you alright?
:JerichoRUSTED: G-go away… I’ll hurt y-you… like the others!
:ElirazRUST: No one got hurt, love… you were just stressed out and burned a few chairs, that’s all. Mother already started to make plans to give you a proper magic teacher so this won’t happened again.
:JerichoRUSTED: …I… I didn’t hurt anyone?
:ElirazRUST: No… and no one is angry at you either. Reizn exaggerated a bit of what you were supposed to do too. There’s no need to be scared, Jer. I’m here for you…
:JerichoRUSTED: …I… I’m afraid I’ll hurt someone next time… it… it told I would…
:ElirazRUST: …who told you?
:JerichoRUSTED: I heard a voice in my head… a different one. It told me to burn them all and… for just a second I considered it… long enough to start a fire… I… I’m crazy, Eliraz, you need to get them to remove my magic! I can’t control it!

*Scratch*Scratch*Scratch*

Insert It told me to “burn them, to burn them all…” so I looked over to the devil on my other shoulder and he said “Err… like the angel said, mate.”_
>>
No. 556664 ID: 7bbaae

>>556662
Alright, this is now an emergency. He's being possessed by a demon. It will try to break his mind so that it can fully control him. I think our best bet is to get him somewhere with a reflective surface to see if we can perform a bit of "surgery" to remove/kill the demon. Those hallucinogenic spores might actually help here. In the meantime, tell him to fight it.

That "lucky dagger" might come in handy.
>>
No. 556667 ID: 74c4ad

It wasn't you, Jer. You're not crazy. There really was another presence trying to control you.

You were only vulnerable because of your emotional state, and lack of control or practice with your abilities. You can get past this.
>>
No. 556670 ID: 7f2b73

The pool in the garden. That might help, alongside the spores from the dig. One of the two SHOULD let us get at that demon...Come to think of it...This 'demon' we're after I bet is attacking our pawns, and tried to go after Jericho after sending us to Thaark.
We should check on Tera as soon as everything here is cleaned up.
>>
No. 556678 ID: d0e0a2

You're not crazy, Jericho; It's a daemon. It took advantage of us involuntarily switching to Thaark to get into your head. We had to take care of a daemon there as well, so I doubt one being here too is a coincidence.

Calm down, Jericho. We're gonna do whatever we can to get this bastard out of your mind. Plus you have the resources of the royal family to help you and us do it. We'll find a way.

We're going to need to get the dagger we used before from Elizah, as well as the hallucinogenic fungi and reflective surfaces; Preferably multiple ones, from multiple angles. Get mirrors and set them up around the courtyard pool. We'll try this with just the reflections before resorting to the 'shrooms.

As a precaution until we deal with this daemon I'd also like to block at least some of Jericho's magic. Are there magic damping items available that he could wear? How hard would it be to get the anti-magic rune put back in?

And where's that damn scratching coming from? Nail down its source before leaving.
>>
No. 556684 ID: b3ca75
File 138948579071.png - (24.45KB , 900x450 , 49.png )
556684

>Alright, this is now an emergency. He's being possessed by a demon.
What!? No, that’s… I can’t accept that… if a daemon is possessing his body he’s already gone… That can’t be true!
>Those hallucinogenic spores might actually help here.
…too bad we don’t have any.
>That "lucky dagger" might come in handy.
You mean my sisters dagger? I guess I can ask her to lend it to me…
>Reflective surfaces.
We got a lot of mirrors… that wouldn’t be a problem.

>It wasn't you, Jer. You're not crazy. There really was another presence trying to control you. You were only vulnerable because of your emotional state and lack of control or practice with your abilities. You can get past this.
:ElirazRUST: -we’re here to help, Jer. We’re going to whatever it takes to help you, we will fix this!
:JerichoRUSTED: I… I don’t know, Raz… I… What if it c-comes back?
:ElirazRUST: …what exactly did you hear?
:JerichoRUSTED: It… was a voice… really far away… barely audible.
:ElirazRUST: …what did it say?
:JerichoRUSTED: It… it said… it told me that my best option was to burn everyone alive… so… so no one would… would… I can’t remember…
:ElirazRUST: Hmmm…
>And where's that damn scratching coming from? Nail down its source before leaving.
It’s coming from the window… right under it…
*Scratch*Scratch*Scratch*
…there’s something right outside this wall…

Insert Woop… another year, another quest…_
>>
No. 556695 ID: 7bbaae

>>556684
Wait, it isn't still talking to him? And it was a voice from far away? Maybe it's gone, then. Maybe the demon managed to speak through us, sortof, when we were dealing with the possessed Vildman, and after the Vildman killed herself to stop the demon, it lost the connection. It matches the timeframe from our perspective, but that actually happened hours from now from your perspective. It's odd.

Don't worry about the mirror/dagger thing just yet. I guess you could grab a small one to check him out with but it sounds like he's fine now. I'm not entirely sure the dagger was special, actually, you might want to ask your sister about that later. I sortof assumed it was since you used it to kill Grey and that wasn't supposed to be possible.

Take a look at the scratching noise from out of the OTHER window, and be careful. Maybe go invisible while looking.
>>
No. 556713 ID: d0e0a2

Eliraz, check what is under that window from the other window, preferably by holding out something reflective. You wouldn't happen to have a mirror-on-a-stick in your "shadow inventory," or even just a mirror? If not then use your monocle or one of your gold horn caps.

However, before doing that push the rack of unstable ancient magical swords away from the window. If Jericho ends up having to use magic against whatever is scratching about I'd rather not risk those swords catching some stray magic and going off.

If moving the rack means you can't reach the window you need to then move the bench under the masks to under the window.

Jericho, what you heard is similar to what Thaark heard when the daemon twisted what we said to him. Was what you can't quite remember "so no one can be possessed?" If so then perhaps its words reverberated back through our link to you.
>>
No. 556869 ID: b3ca75
File 138953767716.png - (24.73KB , 900x450 , 50.png )
556869

>I'm not entirely sure the dagger was special, actually, you might want to ask your sister about that later.
:ElirazRUST: (According to my father its supposedly very powerful against magical creatures and… wait, haven’t I already told you this?)
>Take a look at the scratching noise from out of the OTHER window, and be careful. Maybe go invisible while looking.
:ElirazRUST: (Right… let’s be careful… it’s probably dangerous… it’s… it’s…)
*Scratch*
:PeepRUST: *Twitter*
:ElirazRUST: …it’s a pair of birds?
*Scratch*Scratch*
:PeepRUST: *Tweet*Tweet*
:ElirazRUST: …a pair of birds building a nest right between this window and the window to Ilbir’s study…

>Jericho, what you heard is similar to what Thaark heard when the daemon twisted what we said to him. Was what you can't quite remember "so no one can be possessed?"
:JerichoRUSTED: Yes, that’s exactly what it said! I remember now!
>If so then perhaps its words reverberated back through our link to you.
:JerichoRUSTED: So… next time you guys meet something like that I’ll… I’ll lose control again?
:ElirazRUST: No, you won’t. We’ll give you proper trained and discipline to make sure something like this won’t happen again. I won’t let anyone, not even a daemon bastard, hurt you, Jericho…
:JerichoRUSTED: …thank you… Raz…
:ElirazRUST: Anything for you…
:JerichoRUSTED:
:ElirazRUST:
:TeraRUST: Psst, are they kissing yet?
:ElizahRUST: Shh…
:ElirazRUST: Wait, what wa- Sister!? What are yo- wha-!?
:ElizahRUST: Err… Stick it up his cute butt, woo?
:ElirazRUST: …what?
:TeraRUST: Come on, we just wanted to see some ho yay!
:JerichoRUSTED: …is it just me or am I missing something? You want some farming tools?
:ElirazRUST: Dammit, sister…

Insert I told it was just a bird_
>>
No. 556873 ID: 74c4ad

>I’ll lose control again?
You'll have the potential to lose control. But as Eliraz said, we'll help with that.

>ho yay!
Way to spoil the moment, girls.
>>
No. 556884 ID: 87e6c2

BUT TERA CAN'T FUCKING SEE

Ugh, just, explain that there's some spooky shit going on and we may want to keep that dagger handy in the event of additional mind-fuckery. I don't know the social protocol for 'accidental fire-starting', but I think the sultan deserves an apology and an explanation.
>>
No. 556885 ID: 74c4ad

>Tera can't fucking see
Tera can't see fucking, rather. :V
>>
No. 556897 ID: 7bbaae

>>556869
Rude. Isn't that the second time this sort of thing's happened?

Tell them to ask permission first if they want to watch.
>>
No. 556903 ID: b3ca75
File 138954963807.png - (25.05KB , 900x450 , 51.png )
556903

>BUT TERA CAN'T FUCKING SEE.
:TeraRUST: I can hear it… and… err… imagine it… and the princess can describe it and… um…
:ElirazRUST: You haven’t really thought this trough, have you?
:TeraRUST: I really want to be able to fucking see two cute boys fucking, alright!? Stop discriminating us blind folk and have sex already, dammit!
:JerichoRUSTED: …I’m pretty sure that’s not really discrimination… and what does sex have to do with farming tools!?
:ElizahRUST: Oh, a lot of things! Like-
:ElirazRUST: Ho as in homo, not as in hoe the farming tool, Jericho.
:JerichoRUSTED: Oh…
>Way to spoil the moment, girls.
:ElizahRUST: Don’t blame me, blame Tera!
:TeraRUST: What!? It was you who wanted to stay hidden when you saw them having a moment!
>Tell them to ask permission first if they want to watch.
:ElizahRUST: …Well?
:ElirazRUST: …no.
:ElizahRUST: Oh, please brother, pretty please with sugar on top?~
:ElirazRUST: How about… no.
:TeraRUST: Aw, you’re no fun.
:ElirazRUST: And you both are perverts and should be ashamed of yourselves.

>Explain that there's some spooky shit going on and we may want to keep that dagger handy in the event of additional mind-fuckery.
:ElirazRUST: -so that’s why we shouldn’t really try our hand in voyeurism right now.
:ElizahRUST: Geez, sorry. How should I have known someone has broken into Ilbir’s study and Jer is hearing weird voices? But fine, if you want the knife, just ask.
:ElirazRUST: Speaking of Ilbir’s study… the key stones?
:JerichoRUSTED: I got them inside me. If you help me get my clothes off I can show you both of them… um… that sounded wrong. Sorry…
>I don't know the social protocol for 'accidental fire-starting', but I think the sultan deserves an apology and an explanation.
:ElizahRUST: She’s probably expecting a apology, yes… and that you start training your magic skills. I’m pretty sure she’ll have someone from the academy over before the days over.
:TeraRUST: Well then… all that ends well is well.
:JerichoRUSTED: …we still don’t know who wrecked Ilbir’s study… and why…
:ElirazRUST: Or what this “Daemon” really is… or what’s it’s goal is… or if there’s more of them…
:ElizahRUST: And we still haven’t seen Jer’s cute butt getting plowed!
:ElirazRUST: …You know, soon I’ll go and speak to mother about your… interest in us…
:ElizahRUST: You wouldn’t dare! If you do I’ll tell her the truth about Ms. Sni’kel!
:ElirazRUST: Well… um… then I’ll tell her about what you do with the poor boys in the harem!
:ElizahRUST: Ha! They are from my part of the harem… and they like it! Mother wouldn’t care about that!
:JerichoRUSTED: …what’s a harem? Is it something you eat?
:TeraRUST: …all that almost ends kind of well is almost kind of well?

Insert Brother and sister love_
>>
No. 556905 ID: 7bbaae

>>556903
Wait, if she has use of the harem what was that... uh... that thing in the package for?
>>
No. 556911 ID: 9ddf68

if she has a harem then why does she keep try to spy on you? Just tell her she should go enjoy her harem if she's feeling frisky. Hell bring the blind check if you want.
>>
No. 556912 ID: 87e6c2

... Do I want to know?

I don't want to know.

Knock it off, you lovebirds. You argue like you're married and you need to stop referring to Jericho like you'd refer to that snake. Now get moving before some poor guard gets an earful of 'dear-god-no'.
>>
No. 556914 ID: 5ce288

You know Eliraz, given what we discussed earlier I don't see why you'd be so against your sister watching you...
>>
No. 556915 ID: d0e0a2

Jericho, to be blunt, the harem is where they keep their sex slaves. Frankly I find such a thing disgusting and would like to rectify it, but we have more pressing matters to deal with right now. We can work on that kind of social change after we're sure the world isn't going to end.

Eliraz, inform the princess that you'll be covering your bedchamber door keyhole, stuffing a rug under it, placing a mattress against it, and pushing the wardrobe in front of it when you two go in. If she still peeps in on you after that then you'll speak to mother about it, right after admitting the truth about Ms. Sni'kel.

Tera, will you stop butting in on Jericho and Eliraz if we get you a pile of the homo-erotic smut reprinted in braille? Or would you rather we get Thaark back here sooner so you can ride necro-dick FOR SCIENCE?

Now, if we're finally done here, lets go inform the sultan of what happened with Jericho. I'm sure Reizn will be relieved he's only slightly to blame for it, rather then mostly.

There's also the high chance that there's still a Blue pawn in the palace and it tossed Ilbir's study looking for the key stones. We'll have to tell the sultan about that as well and start an investigation. Unfortunately it can't involve the palace guard since they're suspects. In fact, anyone in the palace in the time frame after the key stones were put in the Jericho is a suspect.
>>
No. 556916 ID: 91e607

>>556912
I think I want to know.
>>
No. 556917 ID: 7bbaae

>>556915
They don't have to be slaves, they could be volunteers.

Well are they, Eliraz?
>>
No. 556926 ID: b3ca75
File 138955844367.png - (23.61KB , 900x450 , 52.png )
556926

>Jericho, to be blunt, the harem is where they keep their sex slaves.
:ElirazRUST: Err… slaves would be the wrong word. They are hired from the seamstress guild and I’m pretty sure they can leave whenever they want… as long as they don’t break whatever contract they’ve signed.
:ElizahRUST: Why would we use unwilling servants when we can hire professionals, right?
:ElirazRUST: And I’m pretty sure the ones I own are pretty happy, we’ve been paying them to do nothing for the last seven years.
:ElizahRUST: It was a present from mother, little brother, you should at least use it once to show that you liked it.

>Wait, if she has use of the harem what was that... uh... that thing in the package for?
:ElirazRUST: I’m guessing it’s an upgrade to the thing she uses on those poor boys… and girls…
:ElizahRUST: Meh, boys are much more fun to play with…
>if she has a harem then why does she keep try to spy on you?
:ElizahRUST: Because they are starting to get boring… and it’s just so much fun teasing little brother~
>Hell, bring the blind chick if you want.
:TeraRUST: I don’t know… isn’t that like hiring a whore on the street? …kind of degrading, you know…
:ElirazRUST: And spying on us isn’t!?
>You know Eliraz, given what we discussed earlier I don't see why you'd be so against your sister watching you...
:ElizahRUST: Oh? What discussion!?
:ElirazRUST: No! She’s my sister!! NO! NONONO!
:ElizahRUST: Well, our father is our mother’s cousin… and I’m probably going to have to marry our cousin once removed… I don’t see wh-
:ElirazRUST: Just because our family is a bit screwed up doesn’t mean I have to be too!

>Eliraz, inform the princess that you'll be covering your bedchamber door keyhole, stuffing a rug under it, placing a mattress against it, and pushing the wardrobe in front of it when you two go in.
:ElirazRUST: -and nailing a few planks over the door, soundproofing my room and release some guard raptors outside the door.
:ElizahRUST: If that’s how you feel… fine, I’ll stop teasing you, little brother. It was just supposed to be fun, you know~
>Tera, will you stop butting in on Jericho and Eliraz if we get you a pile of the homo-erotic smut reprinted in braille?
:TeraRUST: This is different! I’m not here for the smut but the love! I want to see Jericho… err… you know… maybe stopping butting in would be for the best?
>Or would you rather we get Thaark back here sooner so you can ride necro-dick FOR SCIENCE?
:TeraRUST: Thaark? Meh, he’s kind of a bore, you know… but science… hmm…

>Lets go inform the sultan of what happened with Jericho. I'm sure Reizn will be relieved he's only slightly to blame for it, rather than mostly.
:SultanRUSTED: Hmm, another voice, you say? Daemons? …you should talk to the arch-mage of the academy about that… in fact, he’s probably on his way here. I’ve sent a message to him about your training, Jericho, and I’m guessing he’ll want to meet the antipode in person.
>There's also the high chance that there's still a Blue pawn in the palace and it tossed Ilbir's study looking for the key stones.
:SultanRUSTED: We’ve already started taking measures against that kind of infiltration because of what happened in the garden an hour ago. Temrock, I know you’ve barely had time to start investigating, but do you have any progress?
:TemrockRUST: Actually lass, I’ve already have some success. The servants are rather easy to interrogate after all… and most guards are more loyal to my axe then to any blasted voice in their ‘ead. I’ve already got four people claiming to have ‘eard voices in their ‘ead at one time or another. Two guards and two servants. Do you want to meet the lads now?
:SultanRUSTED: …I admit, I didn’t expect you to be this fast.

Insert but if the seamstress are doing that… who’s making the clothes?_
>>
No. 556941 ID: dbe554

Both fast and Efficient, the best kind. Bring them out and we'll interrogate them.
>>
No. 556942 ID: 7bbaae

>>556926
Sure, but with a security detachment in case any of them use ice powers or something. We've already seen one get frozen solid, there's no telling what they could do to other people. Also let's not have Jericho near them. No reason to risk our King, and he needs training anyways.

Bets on if they're all Blue pawns, or if there's an assortment of colors? Heck one of them might have even had Demon exposure.
>>
No. 556953 ID: d0e0a2

...Yes, that was fast. Surprising fast. I think we better check up on Temrock later. Discreetly, so he doesn't know we are.

We'll have an initial look at the line of suspects, but we'll be questioning them one at a time afterwards. Set up a line of mirrors for them to stand in front of. That'll show any overt players, and if any want to remain secret that'll keep them away, which will leave their pawns without guidance. We'll also need a room with mirrors in it to do the questioning.

Jericho shouldn't be near these suspects. Sorry, Jer, but if there is a pawn its player might sacrifice it to attempt to destroy you. Go ask the arch-mage about daemons and what happened to you and get your training started.

Eliraz, I think you should do the one-on-one questioning. With your shadow magic you have the best chance to get away if a pawn is self-destructed to try and take you out.

That harem is more than acceptable. Though it seems rather wasteful for Eliraz's half be paid to do nothing. Perhaps they could be tapped as consultants for Eliraz and Jericho on bedroom matters. Practical experience does have certain benefits over pure book learning in this case.
>>
No. 556959 ID: 2f4b71

Fast, efficient and helpful. Sigh... Better get him in front of some water and check for the blue glow.
>>
No. 556971 ID: 87e6c2

THIS IS WHY I CAN'T FOLLOW ROYAL FAMILY TREES. IT ALWAYS LOOKS MORE LIKE A FAMILY... BUSH, OR SOMETHING.

Try the reflection trick, followed by interviews. Be cautious, not paranoid. Being paranoid is our job, so leave that to us.
>>
No. 557039 ID: d0e0a2

>>556953
Actually, drop the overt mirrors here. For the lineup Eliraz should hide and scope them out with a mirror until they're separated for questioning.

For the questioning room we'll need one with a peephole. I have no doubt there's at least one in this palace.

At the peephole we'll place Elizah and Tera. Elizah will watch the suspect with a mirror and whisper to Tera if there's anything wrong so we can hear. Elizah's such a massive vouyer this'll be right up her alley.
>>
No. 557102 ID: b3ca75
File 138962805059.png - (18.92KB , 900x450 , 53B.png )
557102

>THIS IS WHY I CAN'T FOLLOW ROYAL FAMILY TREES. IT ALWAYS LOOKS MORE LIKE A FAMILY... BUSH, OR SOMETHING.
:TeraRUST: More like a thorn bush! Sing!
:ElirazRUST: …that wasn’t even really a joke…
>That harem is more than acceptable. Though it seems rather wasteful for Eliraz's half be paid to do nothing. Perhaps they could be tapped as consultants for Eliraz and Jericho on bedroom matters.
:ElirazRUST: Hmm… actually, I’ve never thought about using them for anything but… you know…
:ElizahRUST: You’re really missing something then, little brother. I know for a fact that they give a killer massage.
:ElirazRUST: Really?

>...Yes, that was fast. Surprising fast. I think we better check up on Temrock later. Discreetly, so he doesn't know we are.
:ElirazRUST: Right… let’s get paranoid…
>Elizah's such a massive voyeur this'll be right up her alley.
:ElizahRUST: …I have to admit, by teasing my brother with this whole voyeur business I might have hurt Jericho’s and yours, voices, feelings… and for that I am sorry. Can I ask for forgiveness… oh, and that includes you little brother… I’m sorry I teased you about your relationship with Jericho… and I’m happy for you.
:ElirazRUST: …but you do love watching… right?
:ElizahRUST: Totally, it’s just that I’ll have to find someone a that’s a bit more willing to have an audience. Sorry, little brother.
>Jericho shouldn't be near these suspects. Sorry, Jer, but if there is a pawn its player might sacrifice it to attempt to destroy you. Go ask the arch-mage about daemons and what happened to you and get your training started.
:JerichoRUSTED: Right, I’ll wait for the Arch-mage to get here, then.

>Eliraz should hide and scope them out with a mirror.
:ElirazRUST: Nothing… not even a little bit of blue…
>Set up a line of mirrors for them to stand in front of.
:TemrockRUST: Well then, I don’t fully understand why you wanted mirrors, lad, but here they are. From left to right… um… let’s not mention any names, ye hear? Right, first off… This lizard guard said he ‘eard someone in his ‘ead the night someone broke into the princess chamber a few days ago.
:UnknownKAK: I believe it tried to distract me… and succeeded, sir.
:ElizahRUST: …oh right, that… I still haven’t gotten back the… “thing” that was stolen…
:ElirazRUST: Err… heh… um…
:TemrockRUST: This lizard servant keep saying that the gods are speaking to him.
:UnknownKAK: They will burn you all for your sins!
:TemrockRUST: Right… as for number three… this human guard tells me that he had someone ask some strange questions to him just last night.
:UnknownKAK: It asked me about someone called “Jencho”, sir!
:TemrockRUST: And last… this mummy servant… well… according to the others he’s been a bit… unhinged the last few days.
:UnknownKAK: ...
>We'll be questioning them one at a time afterwards.
:ElirazRUST: Right… the questioning… err… what should I ask them?
:SultanRUSTED: Hmm… maybe the voices should… you know… try and see if they belong to anyone?
:TeraRUST: Checking for rings aren’t enough anymore? Oh, maybe you should check for leashes? I’ve heard they are rather popular these days.
:ElizahRUST: It’s hard to get good quality ones, though…

Insert Jencho, mighty pirate, whose journey will take him to the top of mount donut to destroy the second ming vase of power_
>>
No. 557105 ID: dbe554

Hurt our feelings? All we can do is watch half the time, being a voyeur is practically our thing if we can get away with it. We just don't tend to announce it as we watch cuddles. Plus it's so cute to see people get paired together as lifelong lovers and we just love shipping people.

Also ALERT, the Mummies eyes change color in the mirror to us, and we can see little floaty things between the guard captain and the guard... Wait I think that might be us. *Nibble on temrock*
>>
No. 557109 ID: 74c4ad

>killer massage
Yes, hedonism is good for more than just sex.

>mirror
The mummy has different eyes, and a moon, horn, feather? above his head. There's some blue stuff between the front guard and Temrock, but it's hard to tell who it comes from. If we could get Temrock to step back, that might help.

The other two appear to be clean, which either means they aren't being manipulated now, or that they experienced more conventional situations. (Someone actually came to the one in the night to ask questions about Jericho? And the other is actually a religious crazy?).

What sins do the gods want to burn us for? What did they ask you about "Jencho" (Jericho)?
>>
No. 557110 ID: c83296

Oh, the mummy has what looks like a white cresent over his head? Or is that a blade? Either way, between that and the eyes, MASSIVELY SUSPECIOUS!
[float over to mummy, perch on head]
>>
No. 557112 ID: a87e3a

>>557102
The mummy is bleeding from the eyes in his reflection. Ask him what sort of things his voices have told him to do- he might be a Demon victim. Immediately remove him from the room and see if you can get his mind reset; Demon victims are extremely dangerous!

The lizard servant talking to the gods sounds like a Blue pawn, considering that Jericho's mantis friend had the same theme.

The human guard seems to have spoken to a player whose behavior is unfamiliar to us. Ask him what questions he was asked.

Actually just ask everyone for specifics on how their voices behaved.

[Let's try... touching each one in turn to see if they're a pawn? Not the mummy though, let's stay away from him.]
>>
No. 557125 ID: b3ca75
File 138963663277.png - (19.03KB , 900x450 , 54.png )
557125

>The mummy has different eyes, and a moon, horn, feather? above his head.
The thing above his head is just the light reflecting from the mirror… the eyes, though… they’ve changed.
>we can see little floaty things between the guard captain and the guard... Wait I think that might be us.
Yea, that’s you guys.

>What sins do the gods want to burn us for?
:UnknownKAK: How dare you enslave the gods chosen people! We will have vengeance!
:TemrockRUST: Don’t you lads enslave everyone you can get ye hands on too?
:UnknownKAK: They are infidels that don’t believe in the gods! They deserve to be punished!
:TemrockRUST: Ah yes… hypocrisy… sweet hypocrisy.
>What did they ask you about "Jencho" (Jericho)?
:UnknownKAK: Um… mostly if I’ve seen him… supposedly a cute little lizard boy with large markings and golden eyes… told them no, sir… mostly because I haven’t seen someone like that.

>[Let's try... touching each one in turn to see if they're a pawn? Not the mummy though, let's stay away from him.]
>Lizard guard.
[You have found a pawn formerly owned by player gray(defeated). Do you wish to try and claim this pawn? (You have [1] pawn slot remaining).]
>Lizard servant.

>Human guard.
[You have found a pawn owned by player Red! Do you wish to try and take control over it? (You have [1] pawn slot remaining).]
>[float over to mummy, perch on head].
[Gksj?#hsufferkgs!ingklikej?!gpainsaGgksfdid?jgjudgmenta!]

:TemrockRUST:what’s with that infernal itching!?

Insert Type it to defeat the zombies_
>>
No. 557127 ID: a87e3a

>>557125
I said to stay away from the mummy! His mind is gone, we are in serious danger here, goddamn it!

Eliraz, it might be better to just kill the mummy RIGHT NOW. The lizard servant doesn't appear to be a pawn, so ask him how long he's heard his gods talking to him. If the answer is "all his life" then he's just crazy. As for the human guard, tell him he's free to go for now, and next time he hears the voice, tell them that we wish to contact him. The lizard guard is a former pawn of Grey and no threat, but this means Grey did not follow our orders and decided to try to steal the artifacts from us. We'll have to deal with her somehow.

Also I request for the nibbling on Temrock to cease, as it does appear to be affecting him.

Let's save our remaining Pawn slot for further infiltration of Blue's forces. These guys are boring anyway.
>>
No. 557128 ID: a87e3a

Oh shit I just noticed one of our pieces has red eyes now. SNAP OUT OF IT, YOU.

If that doesn't go away when it disengages from the mummy and/or the mummy is killed you may have to kill it for us with that magic dagger. We could try to fight it ourselves but I'm concerned that the infection would spread by contact.
>>
No. 557131 ID: c83296

Ok, time to interrogate the mummy, because the one of us that sat on his head now has red eyes!
>>
No. 557132 ID: 74c4ad

Don't try to control any pawns. Release grey's former pawn, set Red's current pawn aside without mistreating them. We'll attempt to communicate with Red later, possibly after consulting with the Sultan.

...not sure what's up with the mummy. Is it the pawn of corrupt data? (There are words in the gibberish- suffering, like pain did judgement?). At the very least the mummy probably needs to be contained until we can diagnose the problem.
>>
No. 557134 ID: dbe554

Mummy iS to be cOntained, he's affecting one of our pieces very badly.
>>
No. 557135 ID: d0e0a2

Fuck! The mummy's... Something! Daemon infested or corrupted or... I don't know! Whatever it is it's infecting our fragment! Abort! Detach! DETACH!

Don't let the fragment that touched it return to us or touch anybody else. Eliraz, get the dagger from Elizah. If that fragment approaches anyone slice it out of the air.

Order everyone to back away from the mummy and get to the side to leave a clear path from it to Elizah. If the it tries anything she's to flash incinerate it with everything she's got.

We won't take the former Grey pawn, but I don't want to leave a free pawn just laying around for any player to take. If we can't remove his pawn status then Pink Rose should take it and just let him be.

The lizard servant is almost certainly just a religious crazy. Probably shouldn't have him in the palace though, lest his crazy voices tell him to shank a noble or something. Send him away to be resold.

I don't want to pick a fight with Red right away by trying to seize one of his pawns, and I want to leave a pawn slot open for more important pawns. Have the human guard led away and put under house arrest for the time being. We'll deal with her and Red after informing the sultan.
>>
No. 557161 ID: b3ca75
File 138964525381.png - (17.58KB , 900x450 , 55.png )
557161

>The lizard servant doesn't appear to be a pawn, so ask him how long he's heard his gods talking to him. If the answer is "all his life" then he's just crazy.
:UnknownKAK: They have spoken to me ever since I conquered the trail of bacon, heretic! Oh, the time will come when the mighty grease will devour you all!
:TemrockRUST: Yepp, lass’s crazy as moose in autumn. I’ll escort her back to the cellars to continue lifting crates, my lad.
>The lizard guard is a former pawn of Grey and no threat, but this means Grey did not follow our orders and decided to try to steal the artifacts from us.
:ElirazRUST: (Err… actually… I think this happened before you guys even got here… um… let’s just say I was there when she stole from my sister… and distracted that guard…)
>As for the human guard, tell him she's free to go for now, and next time she hears the voice, tell them that we wish to contact him.
:UnknownKAK: As you command, my liege.

>Fuck! The mummy's... Something! Daemon infested or corrupted or... I don't know! Whatever it is it's infecting our fragment! Abort! Detach! DETACH!

>Don't let the fragment that touched it return to us or touch anybody else. Eliraz, get the dagger from Elizah. If that fragment approaches anyone slice it out of the air.
:ElirazRUST: (Wait, what!? You want me to kill one of you!?) Um… can you give me the knife, sister?
:ElizahRUST: …sure? Here…
>Ok, time to interrogate the mummy…
:ElirazRUST: Excuse me, mr. mu-
:UnbrokenUNB: Break its bones, flay its skin, tear its flesh…
:ElirazRUST: …what did yo-
>Order everyone to back away from the mummy and get to the side to leave a cle-
:UnbrokenUNB: Feast upon its corpse, mutilate its carcass, bathe in its blood, burn its bones!
:UnknownKAK: Preach it, bro- gk’ng!
:ElirazRUST: Sis! Roast it!!
:ElizahRUST: People is in the way!!
:GuardRUST: What’s happening!?
:TemrockRUST: The mirror! Look in the mirror, men!! Defensive formation! Now!!
:UnbrokenUNB: Dismember it! …pleh… sdog ho… Eradicate it! …niap eht… Exterminate it! …em llik… Emasculate it! WE SERVE! WE OBEY!!

Insert the mummies curse!_
>>
No. 557166 ID: c83296

it's right in front of the mummy! Either you guys with blades charge or move out of the way so so Eli-sister can roast it!
>>
No. 557167 ID: a87e3a

>>557161
Our wayward shard appears to be fine for now, no need to kill a part of us, but that Demon might be immune to conventional weaponry so the dagger could be needed anyway!

Have someone give it a shot along with the halberds and fire magic; this is a good time to find out what Demons are vulnerable to.
>>
No. 557186 ID: d0e0a2

Okay, our fragment is alright; No infection. [Retrieve fragment]

Eliraz, I would like to suggest you use your powers to get behind the mummy and slice the daemon's tether to it using the dagger, but we don't even know if the dagger works on daemons yet. Instead pass it to Temrock to use. If it does turn out effective then steal it away from him use it on the daemon in combination with your evasive powers.

I'd prefer to destroy the daemon here so we can interrogate the mummy, but if things go bad retreat and have Elizah fill this room with fire.
>>
No. 557212 ID: 87e6c2

If all else fails, we may have to kill the mummy. There's a chance he's (re)dead already based on the dimness in his eyes and what appears to be his side turning to ash, but if all else fails, we may have to kill him to stop the demon.
>>
No. 557325 ID: b3ca75
File 138971454244.png - (17.46KB , 900x450 , 56.png )
557325

>That Demon might be immune to conventional weaponry so the dagger could be needed anyway!
Right, dagger… got it…
>This is a good time to find out what Demons are vulnerable to.
:UnbrokenUNB: Kill our master? Hurt them? They are suffering… pain… destruction… the harder you fight them the stronger they get… there’s no hope, little Eliraz… you cannot win, you disgusting freak.
>You guys with blades, charge!
:TemrockRUST: Take it down!
:GuardRUST: I-it’s cutting through our metal like but- argh!!
:TemrockRUST: …Oh, bollo-
:ElizahRUST: O-Oh gods!!

>Eliraz, I would like to suggest you use your powers to get behind the mummy and slice the daemon's tether to it using the dagger.
Right, I-I need to end t-this be-
:UnbrokenUNB: How can you hope to hide in the shadows, godless one? We are the darkness engulfing your world… you will be consumed like the rest, puppet.
:ElirazRUST: Argh! What the he-
>Eli-sister, roast it!
:ElirazRUST: Burn it, sister! NOW!!
:ElizahRUST: B-but y-you’re- yo- ngt…
:UnbrokenUNB: Delicious soul…
:ElirazRUST: ELIZAH!?

[Player Pink have been defeated by “The coming darkness”! The darkness now has control over “The Diplomat”!]

:ElirazRUST: …n-no…
:UnbrokenUNB: …so much pain… so much suffering… why are you so sad, Eliraz? She didn’t love you anyway… no one loves you… you’re just a freak… a disgusting freak that deserve this…

Insert Once an episode_
>>
No. 557336 ID: cc212d

...yeah, fuck no.

Our turn: directly attack the darkness. Drive it out, or at least buy Eliraz the chance to free her.
>>
No. 557337 ID: 5ce288

>>557336
I second this potentially suicidal course of action.

Eliraz and his sister need to get out of this mess.
>>
No. 557339 ID: bef187

It lies Eliraz! It's all lies and illusions! Look in the mirror! The guards are alive. Temrock is about to cut the mummy down. The daemon didn't even fake Temrock's corpse! Cut the daemon's lying tentacles away and see!

Either yell to the guards to pull Elizah in front of the mirror or do it yourself. We must see if what we fear is true. If so then we will do what we must: [Directly attack "The Darkness" in "The Diplomat"] Pile on, everyone! Push the Darkness out! Drive it into the open so Eliraz can stab it!
>>
No. 557342 ID: a87e3a

>>557325
[disbelieve that fucking illusion]
>>
No. 557349 ID: 134710

ALL HANDS! PREPARE TO FIGHT! Eliraz, get the mummy source of the demon-maybe that will stop him. We'll fight the demon on it's own grounds![purge the darkness]
>>
No. 557350 ID: a87e3a

You know, I don't think the Darkness is even in the Diplomat. I would prefer to try a protective role rather than attack what might wind up being Rose.

Also, it kindof seems like the demon is in ELIRAZ, because he's bleeding from the eyes and is suffering from illusions.
>>
No. 557353 ID: b3ca75
File 138972427828.png - (21.14KB , 900x450 , 57.png )
557353

>It lies Eliraz! It's all lies and illusions! Look in the mirror! The guards are alive. Temrock is about to cut the mummy down. The daemon didn't even fake Temrock's corpse! Cut the daemon's lying tentacles away and see!
:ElirazRUST: AAH!!
:UnbrokenUNB: Flay the freaks flesh from his bones, feast upon his stinking intestines. You’re disgusting, dirty, diseased, defiled, depraved… you’re a freak of nature, Eliraz, you don’t deserve to live, half male.
>Directly attack the darkness.
:UnbrokenUNB: Their minds are already breaking… you can’t save them… there is no hope… they… will… come… they will… consume… the word… reality…
:ElirazRUST: Gnt…

>[purge the darkness]
:UnbrokenUNB: Awake from your dreams and be engulfed by the darkness of reality!
:ElirazRUST: I… I can see… a-again?
:ElizahRUST: D-DON’T YOU D-D-DARE H-HURT HIM!! B-BURN YOU SON OF A-
:GuardRUST: GET THEM OFF ME!! OH GODS, THEY ARE EVERYWHERE! GET THEM OFF! GET THEM OFF!!
:GuardRUST: …scratch… scratch scratch…
:ElirazRUST: …what’s happening?
:TemrockRUST: A bit of help would be appreciated, lad…
:UnknownKAK: Flay the soul, break the will... let them feed…

Insert All station, fire all the HAM on my command… now!_
>>
No. 557355 ID: a87e3a

>>557353
[Spread out to all affected individuals! Purge purge purge!]

Eliraz, stab that mummy with the dagger. Or give it to the captain, even. Then try to talk down your sister and get her in front of the mirror.

I think the demon may have escaped, actually...
>>
No. 557357 ID: cc212d

...everyone else (sans Temrock) is still trapped in their own illusions, I think. Time to snap them out of it.

Eliraz, try talking to your sister, since that fire magic is more dangerous than anything the guards can do. She thinks you're still in danger. Talk her down.

Hmm. Maybe we can try something, but I'm not sure if she white-listed us yet:

[Message to player Pink: It's a trick! The demon deals in lies and illusions. Calm her, and purge the darkness from her eyes so she can see. The danger has passed.]

[Purge the darkness from the guards, don't claim them as pawns]

I'm not even sure the mummy is a threat anymore. It's not resisting and its eyes are back to normal. The unbroken seems to have departed.
>>
No. 557366 ID: bef187

I can't tell if the mummy is still possessed or not. But even if it isn't possessed by now it's a mindless, soulless shell. Best to be sure it can't be used by the daemon again if it isn't possessed.

Eliraz, shank the mummy's core. At the same time yell out to Elizah that you're alright; That what she's seeing is the daemon's illusions and lies, and to look in the mirror for the truth. Then you and Temrock get down in case Elizah fires a volley into the room.

We'll see if this works at all: [Purge The Darkness from all nearby characters and pawns]
>>
No. 557374 ID: 87e6c2

Destroy that mummy. Fire, Magic daggers, everything you can think of. Then we need to wake everyone else up and make sure that thing didn't escape somehow.
>>
No. 557385 ID: b3ca75
File 138973584285.png - (19.23KB , 900x450 , 58.png )
557385

>Eliraz, shank the mummy's core.
That would be… kind of hard. Mostly because Temrocks sword has already cleaved it in two… err… how the hell is that mummy still standing!?
>I'm not even sure the mummy is a threat anymore.
It is attacking Temrock quite aggressively… and by going by the blood it was the mummy who… made the servant I’m standing in what she is right now. I have to say, he looks like a threat to me.
>Give the dagger to the captain commander.
:TemrockROCK: Something with a bit more… reach would be preferable, lad.
:ElirazRUST: It’s magical, just use it.
:UnknownKAK: Your children will be ripped limb from limb and then force fed to you, mo-
:TemrockRUST: Oh, shut it! At least spout something original. Here, this might clear your ‘ead a bit!

>[Message to player Pink: It's a trick! The demon deals in lies and illusions. Calm her, and purge the darkness from her eyes so she can see. The danger has passed.]
[Pink knight “Magic’s bane” moves to Nf3 to protect pink king!]
>Eliraz, try talking to your sister, since that fire magic is more dangerous than anything the guards can do. She thinks you're still in danger. Talk her down.
:ElirazRUST: Sister! I’m alright! You need to calm down! Sister!?
:ElizahRUST: How dare you mock me with his voice! By fire be purged, daemon!
:ElirazRUST: Wait, No do-!
:ArtemisRUST: Hi! I was told to give female Eliraz a big hug! Hug time!
:ElizahRUST: AAH!! Unhand me, daemon! Eat heavenly fi- wha… my magic? What’s happening to my… Please! Don’t! I-I don’t want to d-die!! I’ll do anything!?
:ArtemisRUST: …why is female Eliraz talking funny? …have you been sniffing mushrooms again?
:TemrockRUST: Bah, why won’t you just give up, you damn unbroken. You have no bloody arms left!
:GuardRUST: They are in my eyes! MY EYES!!

Insert Bees… my god…_
>>
No. 557389 ID: 9ddf68

hahahaha, oh joy deamons use illusion magic. It's been awhile since we had to face illusionist. The trick is to try to look for the little things, because no matter how powerful or skilled they may be they can't replicate everything perfectly so there will always be something off in an illusion that will always give it away, you just have to look for it.

Anyways stab the fuck out of mummy with magic knife please.
>>
No. 557392 ID: 5ce288

Eliraz, help Artemis. Calm your sister down.
>>
No. 557399 ID: 9ddf68

hey something IS going on with that guard. I see blood coming out of his helmet.
>>
No. 557402 ID: d315b1

>>557385
Pull his helmet off.
>>
No. 557407 ID: 87e6c2

Wait, Artemis was Pink's pawn the whole time?!?
...That explains her behavior.

Temrock has murdering the shit out of the mummy well in hand, so start bringing people back to reality. Your sister can still hear you, so that much should be easy. We'll need to find that runner and bring him back here before he does something stupid. I have no idea what to do with the guy bleeding out his nose. Possibly turn him towards the mirror and hope he figures it out?
>>
No. 557410 ID: 88960e

Artemis is Pink's knight? Neat. And nice trick with the antimagic. Didn't realize she could do that. Still have to snap her out of it though.

Maybe try helping the guard first? Try taking the helmet off, seeing what's wrong.
>>
No. 557412 ID: a87e3a

>>557385
Hmm. The Vildman from before succeeded in dying by removing her hands and legs. Suggest he do that to the mummy- wait, Eliraz, don't you have fire magic? Burn the mummy. Ashes can't swing a sword.

Try to snap the guard out of it. A broken mind is a demon's playhouse. As a last resort you could kill him cleanly to have him turned undead later on.

Actually... considering the demon thing may have left the room, we could break off a piece of the mirror and chase it down with the dagger.
>>
No. 557421 ID: b3ca75
File 138973878021.png - (18.54KB , 900x450 , 59.png )
557421

>Stab the fuck out of mummy with magic knife please.
The knife is already lodged into its head… the mummy doesn’t really seem to mind.
>Temrock has murdering the shit out of the mummy well in hand, so start bringing people back to reality.
:TemrockRUST: There. No limbs left to fight with, eh lad?
>Hey something IS going on with that guard. I see blood coming out of his helmet. Pull his helmet off.
He’s bleeding from his nose and… well, his eyes looks rather… empty…
:GuardRUST:Scratch…
>We'll need to find that runner and bring him back here before he does something stupid.
She didn’t get far. I can see her wriggling on the floor just out in the hall… I think she’s trying to get whatever she’s imagining is crawling on her off.
>Eliraz, help Artemis. Calm your sister down.
:ElirazRUST: Sister… please… it’s over… we’re alright…
:ElizahRUST: P-please… I don’t… let his memory rest... b-brother… I’m sorry…
*Slap!*
:ElizahRUST: Ow! What the-
:ElirazRUST: Sister! Wake up!!
:ElizahRUST: I… brother! You’re alive! I… I thought I’d lost you!
:ElirazRUST: I thought the sa- mmfff!
*Smooch!*
:ArtemisRUST: Yay! Eliraz and female Eliraz are making new lizards!
:TemrockRUST: …isn’t that a bit… passionate?
:ElirazRUST: MFFF!!!

Insert Stealing a kiss_
>>
No. 557430 ID: a87e3a

Hrm. Well now. Be gentle with disengaging from that kiss, we're not done here. Why is it that you are so against the taboo of incest? If it were a cultural thing I'd expect your sister to at least somewhat agree. So long as you don't get her pregnant I don't think it's a big deal. Not that I'm suggesting you go along with it, it's your choice and it is pretty fucking taboo by our standards as well.

[suggestion to Commander: order the guard to stand at attention and stop freaking out about illusionary crap]

Assuming we manage to get the afflicted guards back to normal we should inform everyone in the palace of this issue. Anyone who starts seeing nightmarish things or hearing self-destructive voices should immediately isolate themselves, seek out a member of the guard and FROM A DISTANCE ask for help.
>>
No. 557432 ID: 87e6c2

Other than applying percussive cognitive recalibration to the remaining guards, I think we should make sure that demon or whatever isn't running around making a mess.
>>
No. 557434 ID: 9ddf68

hm, try slapping the other two out of it as well.

Also, remove sister from lips before people start speeding rumors. That's out job dammit.
>>
No. 557454 ID: abffe3

Not the time nor place, get her to stop and glare.
Tell her everything is fine of course.
>>
No. 557456 ID: b3ca75
File 138974777844.png - (17.61KB , 900x450 , 60.png )
557456

>Hrm. Well now. Be gentle with disengaging from that kiss, we're not done here.
:ElirazRUST: WHAT THE HELL, ELIZAH!?
:ElizahRUST: I- but-
:ElirazRUST: No, stop. Don’t say anything. I know you got a bit emotional after… seeing those falsehoods but… we’ll talk about this later… for now let us focus at the task at hand. We got a daemon on the loose.
>Why is it that you are so against the taboo of incest?
Because it’s disgusting! There’s a reason why incest is taboo everywhere in the world! Just because some of my family have a “We are royalty, we can do whatever” mentality doesn’t mean I have it!

>hm, try slapping the other two out of it as well.
*Slap*

*Slap!*
:ElirazRUST: He doesn’t even react!
:TemrockRUST: Soldier! Attention! …nothing?
:ArtemisRUST: Guys, the lady in the hall complaining about the spiders finally saw that there wasn’t any spiders… that’s good, right?
:TemrockRUST: Well… at least we were able to snap one of them out of it, lad…
>I think we should make sure that demon or whatever isn't running around making a mess.
:TemrockRUST: …by the way, lad, did you say Daemon?
:ElirazRUST: Err… yes? That’s what that was, right?
:TemrockRUST: Ha! Lad, if we’d met a daemon we wouldn’t be standing right now. That was a wraith. I’ve fought them before up in the northlands… can’t say I’ve ever seen one this far south, though…
:ElirazRUST: …that was a wraith?
:TemrockRUST: Was? You mean is. It’s still stuck in that mummy’s corpse, trying to break free. They can’t survive without a vessel to be in… either a broken or an unbroken...
:ElirazRUST: …the what.
:TemrockRUST: Hmm… dead and undead in your tongue.
:ElirazRUST: So… that thing isn’t a daemon?
:TemrockRUST: Nah, lad. But… some say that Wraiths are the souls of the dead that’s been eaten and shat out again by a daemon, gaining some of its powers.
:ElizahRUST: Ew…
:TemrockRUST: I have to say, lad, this is the most powerful wraith I’ve ever encountered. Most have been a real powerful bastard who ate this one… if you believe those myths, aye?
:ElirazRUST: Something tells me those myths probably lost something in translation…

Insert Drinking mead and feasting on souls in the grim north, like a real man_
>>
No. 557459 ID: a87e3a

>>557456
Should his shoulder be charred in reality but not in the reflection? Is that an art error?

I think this guard might be brain-dead. You guys might have to put him out of his misery before he goes crazy-violent or becomes the Wraith's next vessel.
>>
No. 557460 ID: 9ddf68

so what, should we burn the body?

... or did it move over to catatonic here?
>>
No. 557461 ID: dbe554

Be careful of the one still catatonic, he might either go berserk, or might be a potential vessel now.
>>
No. 557462 ID: abffe3

Your views on the taboo of Incest are respectable, I mean for all you know your possession of multiple genitalia could be the product of inbreeding.
Doesn't necessarily cause mutations like yours however inbreeding can cause some nasty recessive genes to surface and voila, the prince is a hermaphrodite of sorts.
>>
No. 557466 ID: f495cc

Ok. information time, northerner.
How do you fight these things, because if we're dealing with a big one, we're gonna want more than just what we can figure out is good and not good to do. We might have just lost a player to this thing...If we aren't 'demons' ourselves here.
>>
No. 557469 ID: d0e0a2

So that's what we've been encountering! No wonder everyone we've been telling about daemons have been so incredulous. It also explains what happened with Aviris. That must have been a damn powerful wraith that possessed his corpse if it could burst out of a skrang.

Tell Temrock about the vildman we encountered. The wraith in Aviris' corpse jumped to her after ripping apart the raiders that hit Ilbir's camp. She gnawed her own limbs off to keep from becoming its vessel when she died, but before then she scrawled in her own blood "mind of living is feast, mind of broken is vessel, mind of unbroken is servant." Is this in line with what Temrock knows?

If that is true then I think something in this poor guard's head, giving him a lobotomy by eating his brain. That was what was making the scratching noise. I'd like to confirm if anything is still scratching in there, but I don't think it's safe for anyone alive or undead to get near the guard. Instead ask Artemis to listen to his head for scratching noises, then hold him tight so he can't possibly move if she does.

Get everyone besides Artemis out of here and station a powerful fire mage at the door. At the slightest notion something is wrong they're to light this room up. Don't forget to retrieve the magic dagger before leaving.

Okay, so wraiths are necromantic, right? I remember Master Geron mentioning to Tera about how he would have liked to try making one. So if they're necromantic then could they be undone, or at least contained, by a necromancer? If so then get Tera in here to get a sense of it and also call for a master necromancer to be brought in right away.

>>557462
I figure they inbreed to keep the dragon's blood strong in the Drah'kon family line, and since Eliraz is sterile in both his halves he has much more freedom to reject incestuous relations. I do feel kinda bad for Elizah having to marry her cousin, though. Are there no suitably powerful fire mages out there that aren't closely related she could pursue?
>>
No. 557490 ID: 5ce288

>>557462
The prince being a hermaphrodite is a bit of a stretch as a recessive gene. It's likely a mutation in chromozone number that can't be passed on. Hell, due to it it would be incredibly unlikely Eliraz can even have children.

Regardless, Elizah and Eliraz clearly have some feelings to work out. However, how about we make sure the situation is stable first?

I wonder how Pink is reacting to all this...
>>
No. 557535 ID: 4a75fa

Perhaps the unresponsive guard is locked into some kind of comma, or internal horror? Any way we could plug into that and pull them out?
>>
No. 557572 ID: 5ce288

>>557469
On a side note. Marrying cousins is not universally seen as incest.
>>
No. 557576 ID: 0b54f4

>>557572
Indeed. Let me quote wikipedia for you. :3

"Marriages between first and second cousins account for over 10% of marriages worldwide."
"In western culture, they have been legal in most jurisdictions through most of history and were considered socially acceptable until the first half of the 20th century....in recent years, such marriages are often stigmatized in parts of the Western world."
"According to Professor Robin Fox of Rutgers University, it is likely that 80% of all marriages in history may have been between second cousins or closer."
"...First-cousin marriage entails a similar increased risk of birth defects and mortality as a woman faces when she gives birth at age 41 rather than at 30."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cousin_marriage

It is of note that marriage between 1st cousins is still legal in a number of states, as well as most of the rest of the world.

Please note that I do not specifically advocate marrying your cousins. I've just noticed that some people get all up in arms about it, and I don't see a great deal of reason for it.
>>
No. 557603 ID: b3ca75
File 138980095993.png - (18.22KB , 900x450 , 61.png )
557603

>Should his shoulder be charred in reality but not in the reflection?
Err… it is charred? It’s a mirror, it mirror things… so you’re probably confusing his good shoulder, the one closes to the mirror, with his charred one.
>it would be incredibly unlikely Eliraz can even have children.
Do you really need to bring this up all the time? Yes, I’m sterile and yes, we’ve talked about this before.
>On a side note. Marrying cousins is not universally seen as incest.
It might not be illegal, but it’s still a bit… frowned about… at least among the common people.
>I do feel kinda bad for Elizah having to marry her cousin, though. Are there no suitably powerful fire mages out there that aren't closely related she could pursue?
It’s just as much about politics as it is about the blood.

>How do you fight these things, because if we're dealing with a big one, we're gonna want more than just what we can figure out is good and not good to do.
:TemrockRUST: Wraiths? Well, you destroy whatever body they have possessed, of course. They can’t stay in the mortal realm for long without it, lad. As for daemons… well… you run. You run, hide, cry, maybe tinkle a bit in your pants and then you pray to whatever gods you believe in that it doesn’t find you before it’s time is up.
:ElirazRUST: Can’t you fight it?
:TemrockRUST: As far as I’ve ‘eard they can’t be killed, harmed or even slowed down by anything short of a gods direct intervention. But luckily, they can’t stay in our world for very long… so run. That’s the only advice I can give ye.
>Tell Temrock about the vildman we encountered.
:TemrockRUST: Hmm… yes, the vildmen are a strong believer of dying free… or just dying out of spite.
>"mind of living is feast, mind of broken is vessel, mind of unbroken is servant."
:TemrockRUST: Ah yes, that’s an old… I shouldn’t call it a nursery rhyme but… let’s see if I can remember it… “They come to feed, swarm to feast, scratching on the inside of your mind until only madness remains… consuming you from within… err… something something coming darkness consuming the world something death of the gods something… um… the minds of those who still lives will be a feast for their gluttony, the minds of those that’s passed, those that are broken will be their vessels with which they will walk upon the mortal world and the minds of the dead brought back, the unbroken will be servants, made to serve their terrific ways as they beget terror upon the world.” …and they there’s something in the end about order, light and everything turning out alright… the whole sunshine and lollipops kind of deal.

>I think this guard might be brain-dead.
:TemrockRUST: There is a possibility, yes. You’re lucky you have your magical blood to protect you, lad and lass… and I guess the others are lucky they ran out of the room in their fear. Otherwise they too might have ended up like this poor sod.
:ElirazRUST: So he isn’t possessed?
:TemrockRUST: Unless he dies, no. A wraith can only possess a corpse… a non-living corpse, that is to say, not undead either.
:ElirazRUST: …But it just di-
:TemrockRUST: I’m pretty sure if you check the paperwork with the temple you’ll find that this mummy wasn’t raised, but was made to be buried.
>Okay, so wraiths are necromantic, right? If so then get Tera in here to get a sense of it and also call for a master necromancer to be brought in right away.
:TemrockRUST: Well… I think so? We’ve never had a lot of necromancers… at least not legal one, up in the north.
:ElirazRUST: And we haven’t had a lot of wraiths down here…
:ElizahRUST: I… I can go and fetch Tera if you w-want…
>Should we burn the body?
:TemrockRUST: That’s what I’m suggesting, lad… at least if you want to be on the safe side. Of course, the necromancers can’t really do their job if you do… Oh, and get someone to look over the poor guard. He might yet be saved… at least parts of him…

Insert Burn or not to burn, that is the question_
>>
No. 557604 ID: 76b151

I wonder if the sandworm expy are feeding demons whatever souls they eat. It'd explain the disapearing corpses. And the fact that I'm pretty sure a Wraith emerged from one.
>>
No. 557607 ID: 00e87f

ok grab the necromancer and she if she can't figure out things we can't, just have the princess ready to burn that thing should it try to do anything else. Also whatever happened to that piece of us that touched the mummy?
>>
No. 557611 ID: 4a75fa

Someone should escort the coma-guard to the medical wing. Maybe they can determine if there's a way to help him.

...I suppose we could have Tera investigate, but only if we're careful. If it appears to be dangerous to her, we're burning the body anyways.
>>
No. 557613 ID: a87e3a

>>557603
Magical blood helps? How come the commander is immune then?
>>
No. 557615 ID: d0e0a2

Don't burn the mummy. If we're to get to the bottom of this we need to have it studied by the necromancers. Chopped up it's in about the safest condition to study right now.

Bring Tera in, but have Artemis carry her in, then restrain her. If anything goes wrong then Artemis can pick Tera up and run her out of here.

Have the poor sod carried over to the palace infirmary, but kept heavily restrained and under guard for a couple days. If he does expire and become a wraith vessel that'll keep him from wreaking havoc. We also should see that his family and dependents are compensated, either for his care or his death or effective death.

So if having magic in the blood kept Eliraz and Elizah from succumbing to the wraith's influence, then what kept Temrock from succumbing? He was the closest to it so shouldn't he be like this lizard guard?

Send the city guard and some palace clerks down to the temple to audit their records. If we've got wraiths walking off with the dead then there's gonna be a few more empty burial plots then there ought to be. Also, Master Geron expressed interest in wraiths. We need to have some words with him about that.

And after all this we still don't know who tossed Ilbir's study. The mummy is probable, but we never really got any evidence pointing to it. We're gonna need the palace staff and guards questioned about the mummy's whereabouts in the time period the study was ransacked. If it turns out it was elsewhere during that time then we'll have to continue the investigation.
>>
No. 557625 ID: b3ca75
File 138981037994.png - (19.77KB , 900x450 , 62.png )
557625

>Have the poor sod carried over to the palace infirmary, but kept heavily restrained and under guard for a couple days.
:TemrockRUST: He will be taken care off, don’t you worry lad.
>We also should see that his family and dependents are compensated, either for his care or his death or effective death.
All the city guards are insured and this would be covered by that. His next of kin will be compensated for his bravery.
>...I suppose we could have Tera investigate, but only if we're careful.
:TeraRUST: Hmm… so this is a wraith? …I should really have a talk with maester Geron about this… and how wraiths aren’t really as cool as he think they are. I… I can’t really say much myself… I’m not really trained for something like this. What I can tell is that it’s still in there… and it’s… it’s like an undead but… wrong? I guess? Like… a parody of an undead.

>Send the city guard and some palace clerks down to the temple to audit their records.
:TemrockRUST: I’ll have them check the records while they fetch a master necromancer to study this.
>And after all this we still don't know who tossed Ilbir's study.
:TemrockRUST: Someone did what? I’ll have someone look into it at once!
>Magical blood helps? How come the commander is immune then?
:TemrockRUST: I’m not immune, only well trained. You see, in my youth I was a member of an order of undead hunters. “Wild” undead, that is. We were trained to combat all kinds of undead, including wraiths. In fact, I’ve fought some of these buggers before... of course, they weren’t this powerful. But… that changed when I met my darling wife… undead hunting, while profitable, is very dangerous so I decided to quit… for my future kids’ sake. So I followed my wife back to her homeland to start anew… and here I am. If you wish, young prince, I can give you some training… of course, it will take time and determination but if you’re willing…
:GuardRUST: Lord commander! I’m here to inform you that the representative from the academy has arrived. What are your orders, my lord?

Insert Training from hell_
>>
No. 557627 ID: a87e3a

>>557625
Give training to both the prince and princess. Jericho too if there's time alongside his combat training. Actually maybe we should prioritize the Wraith/Demon training.

Oh huh, Rose has the shape of a skeleton. Ask Artemis why that is. ...! I just realized, Grey got corrupted by a Wraith, or something similar. We might want to have Rose keep her distance from this one to ensure the same thing does not happen to her.
>>
No. 557628 ID: 4a75fa

>representative from the academy has arrived
From the magic academy? They're supposed to help Jericho get the hang of his magic. Self control is both useful and it'll be good for his mental state- he won't have to worry about going off and hurting anyone.

>Grey got corrupted by a Wraith
...possibly? I still think depression and loneliness could have led to the crazy we saw. Rebooted grey was already showing signs. I'm just hoping that our showing her some kindness and mercy affects her outlook.

>Pink
She's looking rather chipper, there.
>>
No. 557630 ID: dbe554

I just realized Pink made Artemis part of her group. I'm surprised she took the initiative

*Message to Pink* Thank you for helping during the crisis, if you hadn't chosen to help there would've been far more injuries.
>>
No. 557632 ID: d0e0a2

Lets go regroup with Jericho, get him up to speed, then meet the arch-mage and get the Q&A session about daemons and wraiths with him done ASAP.

Eliraz, you probably should start training with Temrock. In fact, Jericho and Elizah should do so as well, since them losing it has severe consequences for anybody around them.

A parody of an undead? So a botched necromancy job? Somebody intentionally making a broken undead? Or is this some kind of naturally occurring undead? Is such a thing possible? Sorry, I'm probably asking for more than you know. We'll get the low down from Master Geron in a bit.

Huh. Rose looks like a pink-tinted skeletal version of Elizah. Eliraz, I wonder why she has that form. [Message to Pink: Thanks for saving our bacon here. Kinda wish we'd thought to take Artemis as a pawn, but you beating us to her is the next best thing.]

...And could we get somebody in here to clean up the remains of that poor crazy lizard before somebody accidentally tracks him all over.
>>
No. 557660 ID: b3ca75
File 138982693598.png - (20.90KB , 900x450 , 63.png )
557660

>Could we get somebody in here to clean up the remains of that poor crazy lizard before somebody accidentally tracks him all over.
A little bit late for that… I probably going to need a new pair of boots... and… a-and… I just r-realized that what I’ve been s-stepping in was once a person… someone that loved… l-laughed… cried… and… I cared more for my shoes then her… N-now I’m making myself d-depressed again…
>Rose has the shape of a skeleton. Ask Artemis why that is.
:ArtemisRUST: Shame on you, Eliraz! You aren’t supposed to ask about a lady’s looks like that!
>*Message to Pink* Thank you for helping during the crisis, if you hadn't chosen to help there would've been far more injuries.

>is this some kind of naturally occurring undead? Is such a thing possible?
:TemrockRUST: As far as I know, wraiths can only appear naturally…
:ElirazRUST: They can do that? Undead, I mean…
:TeraRUST: Yes, in places with a lot of magical residue… like in the pillars of the world.
:ElirazRUST: Pillars… that’s the mountains in the northlands, right?
:TemrockRUST: Indeed… and we used to have a lot of undead moving down from there. There’s a reason why undead hunting up there is so profitable.
>Give training to both the prince and princess. Jericho too if there's time alongside his combat training.
:TemrockRUST: Do not take this the wrong way but… this training isn’t for weaklings. I believe your sister doesn’t have the… will to finish what we’re about to start. Ha, I’m not even sure you have what it takes to stop sucking your mother’s teat, lad. As for your groom to be, I’d advise him to sharpen his mind instead of hardening it.



>Lets go regroup with Jericho, get him up to speed, then meet the arch-mage and get the Q&A session about daemons and wraiths with him done ASAP.
:SultanRUSTED: -all in all… I have to say I’m happy for you two… and I do hope this works out. Either way, if it’s something my little gecko needs, it’s to finally pound someone in bed… or be pounded by… Hmm… I wonder if he’s going to be a top or bo-
:JerichoRUSTED: Can we please talk about something else…
:SultanRUSTED: Ah, my apologies. Sometimes I forget in what company I’m currently in. But yes… as I said… your relationship with my son, while strong, is a bit… spontaneous, isn’t it? I mean, he probably latched on to you because you’re the first person his age who’s accepted him for who he is… and not calling him a freak and leaving him crying… gods, sometimes I wish that I could hang whoever I pleased… *Cough* -and you seem to have fallen for him because he’s the first person you’ve met that cares for you like you’d be his next of kin.
:JerichoRUSTED: Err… it was a bit… fast, wasn’t it?
:SultanRUSTED: Indeed... and it can collapse just as fast if you aren’t careful. Jericho, please, if you truly love my son, work for this. Be willing to give it your all. Oh, and if you ever need anything… advice, help or just someone to talk to… you know where to find me, right?
:JerichoRUSTED: Of course, mother.
:SultanRUSTED: Oh, and you should visit the harems too! You know, have a bit of a training run before the real deal. I’m sure my little gecko would be quite happy if you learned a few tricks an- Oh, wait, here comes a messenger.
:JerichoRUSTED: Oh, thank the gods!
:GuardRUST: Your highness! Urgent news from the academy! There’s been a murder in the academy!
:SultanRUSTED: …what?

Insert I don’t even know what to think about her anymore…_
>>
No. 557667 ID: a87e3a

>>557660
Well the sultan sure is upfront about sex, isn't she.

Listen for the details on the murder. Ask if they need any help investigating. This is the academy you were going to get training from, right? Will the murder affect your training?

Oh and tell the sultan that we found one of Red's new pawns, who is unaware of what Red is. We've instructed him to tell Red that we wish to talk. If Grey is any indication, Red should be apologetic and harmless now, but you might want to find out what Red was like before he attempted to possess the sultan.
>>
No. 557694 ID: 9ddf68

yeah shit went down since we last talked, wraiths are now on the table by the way, not sure if they've picked a side in this war or are just coming around here because of it (and have to side).
>>
No. 557695 ID: a87e3a

>>557694
I don't think they give a fuck about the war! They want to destroy the world! The Wraiths/Demons are our true enemy, we must get Blue to see this. Well, unless Blue is already on their si...de... oh god Blue is corrupted and succeeded in possessing his King. Calling it now.
>>
No. 557711 ID: d0e0a2

...Lovely. With our luck it'll be the arch-mage that was murdered. Find out from the guard if I'm being overly pessimistic, then go talk with the representative who came up from the Academy. I believe Eliraz is going to meet the representative so you all can catch up there.

Okay, here's the rundown on what happened at the questioning: No players were active during it, though we discovered one of Grey's former pawns and one of Red's current pawns, both palace guards. Tell Leanah about Red's pawn, that Red was asking him about you but the guard didn't know anything to share, and that the guard has orders to contact us if Red talks to him again. We want to speak to Red and figure out what he's up to before deciding how to deal with him.

The remaining two questioned were a loony servant who heard the voices of her imaginary gods, and, importantly, a wraith possessed non-undead mummy. It ripped the poor servant apart and inflicted horrible illusions on everybody else there, likely causing the brain death of one guard. Thankfully Temrock has experience fighting wraiths and between him, us and Eliraz the possessed mummy is currently dismembered and nailed to the wall awaiting study by a necromancer.

And the sultan may or may not be pleased to hear this, but Eliraz is going to be training with Temrock to fight wraiths and other "wild" undead.

I should say right now that we've found out from Temrock that what we've been referring to as "daemons" are not actually daemons but wraiths; Souls theorized to have been eaten and "excreted" by daemons. If we had actually met a daemon we'd be dead.

I must say, Leanah is quite forward about sex. I do agree with her about visiting the harem, though not for a "test run" but with Eliraz to ask for advice. They are professionals with a lot of practical experience, and are likely contractually bound not to disclose anything that happens in the harem. And frankly, who else around here could you stand to talk to about such things? Not Leanah or Elizah, that's for sure.
>>
No. 557715 ID: a87e3a

>>557711
Ah, something to point out was that Red was asking about a young lizard that looked like you but was called "Jencho". I myself find it hard to believe that Red could know what Jericho even looks like!
>>
No. 557784 ID: 4a75fa

>remorse over dead guard
Er, the palace doesn't have a policy to have those guys raised when that happens? Sort of a severance package? I mean, if you die in the line of duty, it only makes sense to get them moving again afterwards.

>murder!
...it was the person here to train Jer, wasn't it.
>>
No. 557836 ID: b3ca75
File 138989142035.png - (22.21KB , 900x450 , 64.png )
557836

>Well the sultan sure is upfront about sex, isn't she.
To the embarrassment of us all…
>Okay, here's the rundown on what happened at the questioning…
…So… we got weird undead stuff and daemons… that’s… that’s great… yea…

>Oh and tell the sultan that we found one of Red's new pawns, who is unaware of what Red is. You might want to find out what Red was like before he attempted to possess the sultan.
:SultanRUSTED: You found Red? It was to be expected after what happened to grey, wasn’t it? I do hope he’s still the gentlemen he was before going crazy.
>Find out from the guard if I'm being overly pessimistic.
:GuardRUST: Sorry my lord, but you have to ask the academy personnel for more information. Your highness, the arch-mage is requesting your presence in the academy in light of the new development… oh, and a representative from the academy is here requesting to speak with Lord Jericho.
:SultanRUSTED: Very well… Jericho, go talk to the mage about your training. I’ll deal with the murder, don’t you worry.

>Go talk with the representative who came up from the Academy.
:ReiznRUST: Ah, here he is. I present to you his grace, duke of West Ul’dan, Lord Jericho Drah’kon the second, knight of the Serath army, lover of the prince, the antipode sorcerer supreme and apparently… mage apprentice.
:JerichoRUSTED: …I’m the duke of what? …and knight?
:MagusRUST: Ah, it’s an honor to finally meet you, my lord, I am the magus sent here to help you with your new found powers. The academy sends it’s regrets that the arch-mage couldn’t meet you in person thanks to some… newly discovered facts… anyhow, do you have any questions before we start talking about you and your po-
:JerichoRUSTED: Tell me about the murder.
>Listen for the details on the murder.
:MagusRUST: …very well, I can tell you the little I know. There were three victims, an apprentice to our greatest necromancer, Varius, and two body guards that was in the employ of a sir Aviris. They’ve already been dead for a few days when we found them… which is weird as neither have been reported missing. Of course, Varius himself is on an expedition in the northlands which can explain why his apprentice wasn’t missed… but sir Aviris bodyguards on the other hand… well, let’s just say we’re looking for this Sir Aviris, but he seems to have just disappeared from the face of the earth.
>Will the murder affect your training?
:MagusRUST: Not at all! Um… well, there might be a bit of a lag in paperwork but… you probably won’t notice the difference! Now, I’ve heard you’re supposedly a bit of an enigma… please, show me your powers… all of them…

Insert I think I got an unbreakable knot on the plot… can someone borrow me a sword so I can deal with this lot?
>>
No. 557841 ID: a87e3a

>>557836
Victims that were already dead before they were "murdered"? Sounds like they were vessels of a Wraith.

Well Jericho, be careful not to light anything important on fire. Remember, thinking about something speeding up summons fire, slowing down is ice. Ideally you would just summon a small gout of flame and an ice ball, one after the other. Don't try to do them both at once.

Ah. You could light up that candle over there, and... freeze the wall?

I still want that breastplate's color changed to grey or something.
>>
No. 557843 ID: 4a75fa

>lover of the prince
A little presumptuous of them to put that in your official titles, isn't it? And kind of premature? Let them work things out on their own, jeeze.

>show powers
Uh, like this? (summon ice in one hand, fire in the other).
>>
No. 557845 ID: d0e0a2

I suggest you head somewhere solidly built, non-flammable, and with ready access to water before demonstrating your powers. After what happened in the dining hall it's a prudent precaution, and you're probably going to need such a place anyway when you start throwing around the big stuff.

If you see Artemis then bring her along. She's a magic-sink, so one hug from her will shut things down if you lose control. The magus would probably be thrilled to have her along too. Oh, and there's a hideous fez destined for immolation that needs to be brought as well.

Ask the magus how long Varius has been gone, and what his expedition to the Northlands was for, if anything. If it's less days out then Varius' apprentice has been dead then the body was either brought here or possessed by a wraith and walked back.

Tell him that you actually know what happened to Sir Aviris, then share what happened at Ilbir's dig, with some alterations to leave us out and emphasizing that that jerk Aviris tried to use a (likely illegal) undead override device on you.

It's sounds like to me that the murder victims were possessed by wraiths. That's why they the bodyguards weren't reported missing; They were still walking around.
>>
No. 557847 ID: 0da00a

well might as well show him what you can do
>>
No. 557852 ID: 911657

If you try to do both at once, perhaps it would help to imagine that the speed you take out of the air over one hand, goes to a point over the other hand.
>>
No. 557863 ID: b3ca75
File 138989889754.png - (23.26KB , 900x450 , 65.png )
557863

>A little presumptuous of them to put that in your official titles, isn't it? And kind of premature?
I got the feeling half of those title aren’t really official… the Sultan did say Reizn had a habit of exaggerating things, after all.
>If you see Artemis then bring her along. She's a magic-sink, so one hug from her will shut things down if you lose control.
Noted.

>Victims that was already dead before they were "murdered"?
:MagusRUST: …you mean they were undead? No, they were murdered days ago. We just didn’t find their bodies until today. Mostly because they were in Varius study and with him being gone…
>Ask the magus how long Varius has been gone, and what his expedition to the Northlands was for, if anything.
:MagusRUST: He left a few days ago, about a day before Sir Aviris and his body guards came to our academy… in fact, if everything is going as planned he would reach the northlands by ship tomorrow morning.
>Tell him that you actually know what happened to Sir Aviris, then share what happened at Ilbir's dig, with some alterations…
:MagusRUST: He’s dead? Eaten by Skrang? Damn, he was our main suspect for this… Anyhow, back to the matters at hand, about that magic show.

>I suggest you head somewhere solidly built, non-flammable, and with ready access to water before demonstrating your powers.
:JerichoRUSTED: Err… maybe we should go somewhere a bit more safe?
:MagusRUST: Nonsense! I’m a master at redirecting magic, so you’ll be safe, trust me.
>If you try to do both at once, perhaps it would help to imagine that the speed you take out of the air over one hand, goes to a point over the other hand.
:JerichoRUSTED: Right… here goes nothing…
:MagusRUST: …amazing! By vibrating the thaum at hypersonic speeds on a quantum level both on a positive and negative level you’re able to lower respectively increase the atoms moments in the air around you… and you’re doing both at the same time! I’ve never seen someone pull this off!
:JerichoRUSTED: Err… in Serathian?
:MagusRUST: You can use both fire and ice magic, which is cool. Also, thanks to you I’ll be able to finally pay of my student loan. Hah! This is something, isn’t it?
:JerichoRUSTED: …um… now what?
:MagusRUST: Now what? Oh, right, the training. How good are you at controlling your magic?
>I still want that breastplate's color changed to grey or something.
:JerichoRUSTED: Well… I think I can do THIS!
:MagusRUST: Burning away the white color on your breastplate? Impressive, but if I wasn’t here directing your magic you would have lit yourself on fire, just so you know.
:JerichoRUSTED: …oh... in that case… I’m not very good at controlling it. I did freak out and-
:MagusRUST: Yes, I heard. Hmm… let’s test some limits. Imagine, if you will, something that… something that makes your heart race like never before. Actually, I want you to imagine two things, one that makes you heart race in a good way… like… happiness…. And the other thing would be something that’s bad… like fear. Can you do that for me?

Insert Love to fear the love_
>>
No. 557864 ID: a87e3a

>>557863
Ah that's a relief, it looks like armor now.

For happiness, think about Eliraz and Elizah, both giving you the best massage ever.

For fear, think about having to present a history report to a crowd... OF SKRANGS.
>>
No. 557865 ID: 0da00a

well for fear just remember when you faced down that skarg, you were pretty scared then

and as for a happy moment... think of your friends... as for what to think about, I'm sure you have a better idea on what can get your heart racing better then we do.
>>
No. 557879 ID: dbe554

Think of the time in the desert, before you became an undead when you saw your 'friends' at the time having their throats cut, and the dagger coming for you next.

For love, think on your friends, your lovers, your sister Tera. Everyone that's made you happy since you've gotten here and helped you.
>>
No. 557880 ID: d0e0a2

Um. Could you ask the magus to take a couple steps back and Artemis to stand between you two to shield him. The magus will say his skill is enough to keep him safe, but your powers are "uncharted territory." If they spike above his ability this may be the difference between singing his eyebrows or burning off his face.

For the first part: Imagine embracing Eliraz, he giving you the most passionate kiss you can think of. Imagine the beat of his heart and the warmth of his body against yours.

For the other part: Imagine what would have happened if Aviris had succeeded in using his undead override. Imagine being ordered to shut up and carry him as the skrang bears down on and devours you both, and there's nothing you or us could do to escape it.
>>
No. 557884 ID: 87e6c2

Fear? That's easy. You were attacked by the mummy in the old ruin, watched two friends die in front of you within a few hours, died yourself due to reasons beyond your control, came back to life in horrible pain as a mummy, nearly got mugged before 'mercs in masks ripped the mugger's head off of his neck, got attacked by ANOTHER mummy in a library, watched an old friend die AGAIN, nearly died in the OTHER old ruin at the hands of Eliraz's alternate personality, spoke with a masked stalker that may not have your best interests at heart while tripping shrooms, got ambushed by a vicious bureaucrat, got a front-row seat to a Skrang eating a man like a grape, came back to the city just in time for another friend to be flash-freeze when he outlived his usefulness, and then had to make a speech. And that's just from what we've seen.


As for happy? Uh...
....
Well, Elizah, Eliraz, and Tera have all been particularly kind to you. Come to think of it, you should probably thank them when you see them next.
>>
No. 557901 ID: b3ca75
File 138991192386.png - (23.46KB , 900x450 , 66.png )
557901

>Um. Could you ask the magus to take a couple steps back and Artemis to stand between you two to shield him.
:MagusRUST: …well, if you insist.
:ArtemisRUST: I’m being useful, yay!
:MagusRUST: And is this a real golem? My, I haven’t seen one of these since I was a young student in the brass cities on the other side of the great sea. Quite a marvel, aren’t they?

>For fear, think about having to present a history report to a crowd...
…While scary, that’s not really-
>…OF SKRANGS.
AAAH!!!
:ReiznRUST: Brr… cold…
:MagusRUST: As I suspected… it evens out around him…
>For happiness, think about Eliraz and Elizah, both giving you the best massage ever.
Mmm… yes… that would be nice…
>Imagine embracing Eliraz, he giving you the most passionate kiss you can think of. Imagine the beat of his heart and the warmth of his body against yours.
Ah~
>Imagine Elizah slipping down lower, not content to just massage your upper body~
Oh~
>Eliraz isn’t going to leave your rear unprotect… he moves behind you and plunges de-
:ReiznRUST: Ow, hothothot!!
:MagusRUST: Ah, now this is fire! Impressive! Of course, if I wasn’t here you would have fried everyone around you.
:ReiznRUST: Eek! Cold!
:MagusRUST: And I see you just realized the implication of that… don’t worry, I have something that will help you control it. Here, it’s a magical damper. Wear when you don’t want any… magical accidents. We’ll improve your control over time, but for now you’ll have to be content with wearing this instead.
:ElirazRUST: …wait, I should have died if we- I- oh…
:MagusRUST: There was a possibility. If he had lost control… sure…
:TeraRUST: Talk about the heat of passion! Your love really burn brightly! Um… you guys are… hot together?
:ElirazRUST: Yes, we get it Tera…
:MagusRUST: Now, I have a schedule of some lesser lessons for you to practice with… it will probably take all day so… unless you have anything else planned, of course… oh right, “my lord” …sorry… and I must apologize to the audience that we’ve gained, the next part is rather boring so you’ll probably be better of following someone else in this theater play for a while.
:ElirazRUST: If you don’t want us watching you can just say so, geez.

Insert I went down, down, down… into a burning ring of fire_
>>
No. 557909 ID: a87e3a

>>557901
And here I'm remembering you told us you didn't have many reproductive urges. It's not like we gave you half of those dirty thoughts.

Hey wait a minute DID YOU FREEZE THAT CANDLEFLAME!? You froze fire. Frozen fire. That doesn't even make sense.

Let's uh... hmm. We could check on the Shaman or see how Thaark and Ilbur are doing.
>>
No. 557912 ID: 9ddf68

tell him he can call you what he wants, we're not big on titles

And I don't think we have anything else planed for today so go ahead and learn how not to freeze and burn things at random, because knowing the people you hang around there likely to cause a few fires just because they love teasing anything that can stand.
>>
No. 557966 ID: d0e0a2

He doesn't have to use your title if he doesn't want to. It doesn't really feel like it fits yet anyway, does it?

Eliraz, it's quite lucky you two took it slow, otherwise you might have lost at least your tongue.

I think we're gonna stick with Eliraz and Tera and go investigate those murder victims at the Academy. In case you two haven't heard, Varius' apprentice and two of Aviris' bodyguards were found dead there, but they were killed a few days ago. We suspect they were wraith possessed before being found, which may mean the wraiths killed and took new hosts.

Bring Artemis along to keep Pink in the loop on this, and there might even be somebody at the Academy who studies golems who could tell us more about her.
>>
No. 558065 ID: 4a75fa

>wait, I should have died if we- I- oh…
Well, Artemis was right nearby. If you'd reacted fast enough with your shadow stuff, you might have dodged behind her.

But yeah, turned out putting powerful, untrained mages in a highly emotional state where they lose control is a bad idea. Who'd have thought?
>>
No. 558068 ID: b3ca75
File 138997223873.png - (22.07KB , 900x450 , 67.png )
558068

>And here I'm remembering you told us you didn't have many reproductive urges. It's not like we gave you half of those dirty thoughts.
Huh… maybe I’ve been warming up a bit to the- wait… did you say you didn’t say those things? I’m pretty sure I heard someone say those things…
>DID YOU FREEZE THAT CANDLEFLAME!?
…I seem to have created a hollow ice sphere around the flame… a sphere that doesn’t seem to melt from the heat…

>Tell him he can call you what he wants, we're not big on titles.
:MagusRUST: Well then, Jerry, ready to get started?
>I think we're gonna stick with Eliraz and Tera and go investigate those murder victims at the Academy.
:ElirazRUST: …right, we’ll go and take a look.
:MagusRUST: ‘ey! Don’t go around telling everyone about the murders, that’s how rumors start, you hear?



>We could check on the Shaman or see how Thaark and Ilbir are doing.
:KeerGuardRUST: And here we go… all the papers seems to be in order and… he’s rather happy to see you, isn’t he?
:IlbirRUST: -off… Y-you’re crushing my spine, Kran…
:KeerGuardRUST: There is an overnight caravan leaving in an hour heading for your capital, master Ilbir, I’m sure they will be happy to take you along… oh, and can you deliver a message to the sultan?
:IlbirRUST: A message?
:KeerGuardRUST: There was a mine nearby that was attacked by some tribesmen. We got a list of the survivors and… the ones that didn’t… we need to get this information out to their next of kin as soon as possible.

Insert Bug hug is best hug_
>>
No. 558069 ID: c480f4

D:
Actually, read off the names-we might be able to swap to someone who's near the sultan and inform her ourselves maybe.
As far as mystery thoughts go-I suspect Rose-she does like shipping people...But that's slightly disconcerning, as before she was too shy to talk. I wouldn't be concerned normally, but with that skeletal appearance she had...Yeesh!
>>
No. 558074 ID: d0e0a2

Heh. For this you're gonna get some extra lovin' from Kran later, Ilbir. Have you told him yet that you got his tongue on ice and ready for necromantic reattachment? He's gonna be happy about that.

I recognize the name on that memorial from when we were last with shaman Durach. It's the name of a guard that was killed in the mine attack he was part of. Check the list for "Useros," as well as skimming it for anyone related to anybody you know of.

If Useros is on the list then we know the owners of that mine are likely in this city. Durach convinced Eliros to sell them into slavery instead of burning them alive on a bonfire. He also convinced him not to cut their tongues out; Instead binding their snouts. So check the slave market for two lizards with bound snouts who were sold by tribesmen this morning and bring a mine survivor along to ID them. Durach also sent one of his sons to make the deal, so maybe we can snap him up if he stuck around.

That mine attack is also where we got visual confirmation that Eliros is still alive and aiding the tribes. We also found out that Mor'Kay has vildmen on his side from an alliance with vild männens kung. ...And we also inadvertently blabbed to Durach how not to attract skrangs, so now the tribes know how to cross skrang lands... Sorry.
>>
No. 558084 ID: 9ddf68

yeah you found your friend which we kinda let slip to everyone involved with us that he was your lover... and that family we tried to help out from the tribals lived as well, a bit shaken true but alive none the less.

But yeah if you want to know where we've been we went back to the palace to see if there was anything there we could do to help out here and ended up fending off a wraith attack. Anyways might as well head back home so we can reattach your friends tongue so he can thank you properly... and I'm not sure if you have a dirty mind or not but after hanging out with the royals for a bet and finding out about there harems I'm just going to assume yes and tell you I meant he can finally SAY thank you.
>>
No. 558087 ID: b3ca75
File 138999028479.png - (17.54KB , 900x450 , 68.png )
558087

>Actually, read off the names-we might be able to swap to someone who's near the sultan and inform her ourselves maybe.
There’s like forty names on the list... a bit much to deliver orally, don’t you think? Besides, it isn’t in that much of a hurry.
>Heh. For this you're gonna get some extra lovin' from Kran later, Ilbir.
…that’s a bit private.
>Have you told him yet that you got his tongue on ice and ready for necromantic reattachment? He's gonna be happy about that.
You have!? Splendid! I have to inform him as soon as we get a moment in private.
>Check the list for "Useros," as well as skimming it for anyone related to anybody you know of.
There is an Useros here, yes… a guardsmen it seems… otherwise there’s no one I recognize.

>If Useros is on the list then we know the owners of that mine are likely in this city. Durach convinced Eliros to sell them into slavery instead of burning them alive on a bonfire.
:KeerGuardRUST: We already know about the owners. They we’re the ones who reported this to us. It seems the some of the tribe men’s set them free right outside the city… if you ask me, those guys are more splintered then our republic.
>we got visual confirmation that Eliros is still alive and aiding the tribes.
What!? He’s alive? That’s… bad… really bad…
>might as well head back home.
Yes… that would probably be for the best. The sun is starting to set already…

:IlbirRUST: Ah, there you are, Thaark, I was starting to worry that you were going to be left behind.
:ThaarkRUST: And miss our payment? Why, I’d never!
:IlbirRUST: …I’m expecting you want a bonus for this, don’t you?
:ThaarkRUST: You know me, Mr. vertically impaired.
:IlbirRUST: *Sigh* I’ll talk to the Sultan and see what I can do…
:UnknownKAK: All aboard the caravan! We’re leaving in five!

Insert Damn you, automatic resetting name, damn you to whatever hell you belong to!_
>>
No. 558090 ID: 9ddf68

what the hell is that in the distance? like over by the top right of the screen. Also I find it adorable that your friend has yet to let you down. so cute.
>>
No. 558091 ID: dbe554

Of particular note to worry about now is the fact that there is a daemon of particular power creating powerful wraiths amongst things. We think your Rival had been possessed by one, considering his internal rippings to get out later.
>>
No. 558092 ID: 87e6c2

OH! tell Kran that Jericho was just confirmed to have royal blood, so Kran just upgraded from killing unarmed POWs to regicide! Put it gently if you want, but he should know before he gets back.
>>
No. 558093 ID: dbe554

>>558092

Yeah I think we should bring it more gently.. It's weird, we once wanted Krans head on a pole and now we want to make sure he's perfectly okay as your loved one... Confusions abound.
>>
No. 558096 ID: 87e6c2

>>558093
I blamed the skeleton more than anyone else.

Crap, we don't know if she's a pawn, do we?
>>
No. 558097 ID: d0e0a2

Who's that behind you, over on the dunes? There's a tall purple-ish speck, and three tall ones with torches. That's just another caravan and not trouble, right?

You two might be relieved to know that we were wrong about daemons; It was actually a wraith that possessed Aviris' corpse. A powerful one, since it did burst out of that skrang, but still just a wraith. With the vildman's corpse burned it ought to be gone for good. Unfortunately we encountered a wraith possessed mummy in the palace, so I doubt we'll see the end of wraiths anytime soon.

And the tribesmen just released the mine owners? Hm. Sounds like Durach did that. He more and more doesn't like the depths his comrades are sinking to in this conflict.

Oh, and Thaark, Tera finds you kind of a bore. Sorry. If you want to step up your game then show her some excitement. Otherwise she'll only be interested in your dick, and not for the reasons you'd like her to.

>>558092
Do tell Kran, but also tell him that he shouldn't worry; Jericho knows Kran was only following orders. If Jer does do anything it'll be Captain Uri that catches it, not Kran.
>>
No. 558099 ID: a87e3a

Hey Thaark, just fyi, that thing that possessed the Vildman was called a Wraith, and they are essentially Demon poop. When a Demon eats a soul, a Wraith is created. The Wraith has some similar powers to a Demon but far weaker. They can drive people crazy with illusions, and they use corpses as vessels. Actually this makes me wonder... what corpse was the Vildman's Wraith possessing? Did it not have a vessel yet? Maybe they have to eat multiple minds to gain power before they can switch bodies or re-cast illusions. Also I think Wraiths can take control of undead, judging by the Vildman folktale.

Demons seem similar to the Liches from ages past... I wonder if there is some relation.
>>
No. 558104 ID: b3ca75
File 138999676669.png - (17.48KB , 900x450 , 69.png )
558104

>Of particular note to worry about now is the fact that there is a daemon of particular power creating powerful wraiths amongst things. We think your Rival had been possessed by one, considering his internal rippings to get out later.
:ThaarkRUST: That would explain the slaughter…
:IlbirRUST: That would explain why Aviris was a bit… less polite when he tried to kill me.
>they are essentially Demon poop.
:IlbirRUST: …I’m pretty sure they aren’t… that…
>OH! tell Kran that Jericho was just confirmed to have royal blood, so Kran just upgraded from killing unarmed POWs to regicide!
:IlbirRUST: -but don’t fret, he isn’t one for holding grudges… hmm… you’re writing something in the sand? …A…w…e…s- awesome? I wouldn’t really… right, awesome…
>It's weird, we once wanted Krans head on a pole and now we want to make sure he's perfectly okay as your loved one... Confusions abound.
:IlbirRUST: (It’s always hard when you realize that your enemy is just as human as you are, no matter what size or shape they come in. Even bad people have loved ones… and even good people fight each other.)
>Oh, and Thaark, Tera finds you kind of a bore. Sorry.
:ThaarkRUST: Aw man…

>what the hell is that in the distance?
:IlbirRUST: It looks like… someone running? And some people are chasing him? And is that… blood?
:ThaarkRUST: We’ll go take a closer look, little boss, should be trouble.



:TribalRUST: We knew that you and your father was too soft hearted, heretic! How dare you let their sins go unpunished!? Your soul will be consumed just like the rest of these godless heathens!
:RechoRUST: P-please… no…
:TribalRUST: Um… there are some riders coming right for us…
:TribalRUST: Then spill their blood for the dark one, fool! I will take care of this filth… your gods doesn’t exist, shaman, only the darkness do.

Insert Blood for the blood god! Skulls for the skull throne! Milk for the khorn flakes!_
>>
No. 558105 ID: 9ddf68

OH FOR FUCK SAKES, (sigh) how good is your fire magic again Ilbir? cause if you could just burn those guys that would save us time. Also any idea who they're chasing?
>>
No. 558106 ID: a87e3a

>>558104
Dark one?! Rescue the victim, capture one of the attackers for interrogation!
>>
No. 558107 ID: 87e6c2

That would be Recho, the Shaman's son. Now you could pull him out of the sand and split, but he won't be able to return home if those tribals report his 'betrayal' back to warboss String-bean. But if you take them out, Recho can put a story together and we'll gt a BIG favor in the enemy's camp.

The human already looks scared, so I'd pick him if you want to leave someone alive for interrogation.
>>
No. 558114 ID: b3ca75
File 139000329729.png - (20.22KB , 900x450 , 70.png )
558114

>Dark one?! Rescue the victim, capture one of the attackers for interrogation!
>The human already looks scared, so I'd pick him if you want to leave someone alive for interrogation.
:ThaarkRUST: Mantis, Thuul… me lizard, human lives.
:TribalRUST: Blood for the bl- argh!!
:ThaarkRUST: Hi there, please don’t fight or I will have to hurt you, human.
:TribalRUST: Oh g-great one! Use me flesh to strike down t-these… please… embrace me… lord…
:ThuulRUST: Err… boss? Is it normal for a mantis to convulse like that when they are dying!?

Insert Do the zombie_
>>
No. 558115 ID: c480f4

Oh crap. Right. SO!
Living people get eaten by demons, dead bodies can host demons, undead bodies serve demons. Good job bisecting him, now beware of crazy illusion tricks.
>>
No. 558116 ID: 87e6c2

Grab the prisoners, get on those raptors and run like no being, living or undead, has ever run before.
>>
No. 558117 ID: a87e3a

>>558114
Fucking run! Take your captured people and run!
>>
No. 558118 ID: 9ddf68

actually that's a sign to grab people and run like hell
>>
No. 558119 ID: d0e0a2

...Oh, fuckcakes. That dying mantis is either about to become a vessel for a wraith or her death is summoning a fuckin' daemon, and I don't know which one it is! In the first case you could dismember her to neutralize the wraith, but if you try that in the second case...

Play it safe. Grab Recho and the human, saddle up, and get the fuck outta here. If it is a wraith then between you two and the guards at the caravan you can put it down. But if it's a daemon... Run, and don't look back. Grab Ilbir and Kranhon and run until you can't anymore, then hide and pray.

Nothing short of divine intervention will do anything to a daemon, but they can only stay in this world for a short time. The only tactic mortals have is to run or hide and hope the clock runs out before it catches up.

>>558115
Not daemons; Wraiths. They do serve the daemons, though.
>>
No. 558122 ID: b3ca75
File 139000806756.png - (14.41KB , 900x450 , 71.png )
558122

>Grab the prisoners, get on those raptors and run like no being, living or undead, has ever run before.
:ThaarkRUST: …you can’t be-
>Daemon…
:ThaarkRUST:



:IlbirRUST: -and I’m going to reserve a table at the best restaurant in the city tomorrow so- wait, is that Thaark? …why is he and his friend riding like their life depen-
*Boom!*
:IlbirRUST: BY SH’POR’S LEFT NIPPLE! What is that thing!?
:KeerGuardRUST: It’s going right for the city!
>>
No. 558123 ID: b3ca75
File 139000808005.png - (15.71KB , 900x450 , 72.png )
558123

:KeerGuardRUST: It… it disappeared?
:IlbirRUST: Thaark? What happened? Who are these people?
:ThaarkRUST: *Gasp* Daemon! Run! Now! Fast!
:KeerGuardRUST: A what? No, that shouldn’t be… the lights in the city went out…
:ThaarkRUST: Well, good for them, now move it or lose it!
:KeerGuardRUST: We can’t just leave them like this! They might need help!
:ThaarkRUST: They might eat our souls! Run, you fool!
:IlbirRUST: Thaark… please calm down and be reasonable for a moment…
:ThaarkRUST: NEVER!!

Insert It’s coming right for us! …oh wait…_
>>
No. 558125 ID: c480f4

Oh.
Ok, everyone past the gratuitous swearing/pants crapping stage?
Alright. We can't do CRAP to stop a daemon. Our best chance is sitting and waiting on our bums for the thing to vanish/dissapate/however Daemons leave this plane, and THEN go offer aid.
Because we've got no method of dealing with that thing, and it just hit an entire city.
>>
No. 558135 ID: a87e3a

>>558123
Let the guards do their jobs and tell them if they survive to send a messenger to inform us as to what happened. We cannot dive headlong into what may be certain death at this stage. We have no idea how to fight a Demon yet. I stress that this is NOT PART OF YOUR CONTRACT!

That definitely did not look like a Wraith. We can interrogate the enemy prisoner after we get some distance away from the city. Wait, where are the two captives? Do you at least have the Lizard that was being chased? Actually maybe that would be for the best, we don't want the other captive summoning whatever that was on us. Though maybe they can only do that when they're dying?
>>
No. 558136 ID: d0e0a2

Thaark, hold it! The daemon, or whatever the fuck that was, went for the city. We have at least a little bit while it's there to get everybody up to speed and figure out what to do. However, we can and should keep moving while doing so, just at a slower pace.

Throw the human prisoner in a cart and tie him up, then get the lizard prisoner medical attention; We need him awake and lucid ASAP as he'll be more cooperative in sharing what he knows than the other one.

Thaark, while that's happening you and Thuul tell everyone exactly what you saw and heard over there. Then demand an explanation of what the fuck just happened from the human prisoner.

Ask the guard if he truly wants to tangle with something that just snuffed out all the lights in a city. If he still wants to help he can get eyes on what's happening in the city for us, from a distance, and report back. See if anybody in the caravan has a spyglass he could borrow.

We should switch to Durach now, if he's still alive. He likely knows more about what the hell just happened here, and we can either help him get to the caravan, or, if there's no way to save him, get as much info out of him as we can before he dies.
>>
No. 558192 ID: b3ca75
File 139005436832.png - (21.21KB , 900x450 , 73.png )
558192

>Throw the human prisoner in a cart and tie him up, then get the lizard prisoner medical attention.
:ThuulRUST: He’s stable but unconscious. He’s going to need some medical attention later.
>Demand an explanation of what the fuck just happened from the human prisoner.
:TribalRUST: I-I don’t know!? I-I didn’t t-think they w-were real… I… I… I only joined them because of t-the water and f-food they gave out… p-promise!
>Ask the guard if he truly wants to tangle with something that just snuffed out all the lights in a city.
:KeerGuardRUST: I have to! My family is still in the city!
:KeerGuardRUST: Then what are we waiting for? Let’s move!
>I stress that this is NOT PART OF YOUR CONTRACT!
:ThaarkRUST: No way were going back th-
:IlbirRUST: Actually, I’m curious of what happened there… of course, my curiosity might be the death of me.
:ThuulRUST: We can send the guards out ahead of us and if they haven’t found anything dangerous in ten minutes they can signal us to come and investigate.
:IlbirRUST: Sounds like a plan.
:ThaarkRUST: Well, I’m not leaving the caravan and that’s final!



:IlbirRUST: So… found any survivors?
:KeerGuardRUST: Survivors? We haven’t found anyone!
:ThuulRUST: Hmmm… listen…
:IlbirRUST: …what? I can’t hear anything?
:ThuulRUST: Exactly… there were crickets playing last time we were here… and birds singing… and look!
:IlbirRUST: Let me guess, you can’t see anyone?
:ThuulRUST: No people, no animal, no tracks, no bones, no blood, nothing!… a few minutes ago this place was filled with people… what happened?
:KeerGuardRUST: Err… I found a body… there’s a mantis corpse in the middle of the city… It seems rather… old… it’s only a dried up husk now but… I’m pretty sure it haven’t been there for long.
:IlbirRUST: Hmm… my common sense says run… but my Science sense says investigate.

Insert For Death or SCIENCE!_
>>
No. 558193 ID: c480f4

Run. Even if we're here to report back to the others, let's not unneccessarily throw people away. Even redshirt gaurds like these.
>>
No. 558200 ID: 9ddf68

huh, wounder if that was the mantis that originally had the deamon inside of him before the thing expired in this world and left.
>>
No. 558201 ID: d0e0a2

Hmm. At first glance it looks like it was either a localized temporal acceleration, or every living entity in the city was teleported away. Of course it could be neither of those things, or both. Yes, this calls for further investigation.

Ask of the mantis corpse was female, if it looked like it had died from blade injuries, and if there's any clothes left on it if they were red. If yes to all then it likely was the mantis Thuul killed out on the sands and was the origin of whatever happened here.

Take those lanterns down, along with every other one along the way, and check if they burned out of oil. If they are that'll be evidence of time manipulation. Also check the food stalls on the way for any evidence of residue from their stock rotting away. If there is that'll be more evidence for time shenanigans.

When you do get to the mantis corpse none of you go near it. We'll take a look from our vantage point first and give a yay or nay on going closer.

Oh, and suggest that one of the guards runs over to the port and get the lighthouse lit. There's gonna be ships coming in and it'll just add more misery to this situation if they crash on the rocks. Then he can check the state of the ships moored there and report that back to us.
>>
No. 558207 ID: a87e3a

>>558192
Wait, no tracks? But there should still be tracks, even if everyone was disintegrated.

Investigate. The worst thing we can run into now is a Wraith, and we know how to deal with those: run away from the Wraith's vessel and you'll snap out of the illusions eventually. Magic users can snap out of it with some help even when still near the wraith, and those with proper training can resist completely. Under no circumstances are you to attack anything until you stop seeing the illusions.
>>
No. 558210 ID: dbe554

Be cautious, it might be an illusion setup to deal with people by choking them off from other groups.
>>
No. 558211 ID: b3ca75
File 139006955460.png - (19.69KB , 900x450 , 74.png )
558211

>Oh, and suggest that one of the guards runs over to the port and get the lighthouse lit.
:KeerGuardRUST: The lighthouse is still lit, sir… actually, the whole harbor is still lit. It’s possible whatever happened here missed it because it’s located a few hundred meters outside the actual city.
>Take those lanterns down and check if they burned out of oil.
Hmm… there’s still oil in them… it looks like someone just snuffed out the wick.
>Also check the food stalls on the way for any evidence of residue from their stock rotting away.
The food is still here… and as goods as… well, as it was, I guess… eatable… if you’re desperate.
>Ask of the mantis corpse was female, if it looked like it had died from blade injuries, and if there's any clothes left on it if they were red.
I don’t need to ask… I can see it with my own two eyes. It’s indeed a male mantis clad in red, who has two daggers sticking out of him.
:ThuulRUST: That’s the guy I killed… he still got my daggers… I rather have them back…
>When you do get to the mantis corpse none of you go near it. We'll take a look from our vantage point first and give a yay or nay on going closer.
:KeerGuardRUST: So…?
:IlbirRUST: One moment.
:ThuulRUST: Oh, he has a really odd shaped necklace around his neck. It’s probably worth a bit of coin if you find the right buyers.
:IlbirRUST: What do you mean, odd? …and how can you see it from here?
:ThuulRUST: I’ve got good eyesight… and it’s… glowing? The necklace looks like an… eye? I guess? An eye with eyelids on the sides instead of on top of it?
:IlbirRUST: Glowing?
:ThuulRUST: …huh? What do you mean, glowing?
:IlbirRUST: You just said it was glowing?
:ThuulRUST: …I did?

Insert eating eye scream on a sunny day_
>>
No. 558213 ID: 9ddf68

do we have any way to grab and store dangerous magical items safely or no, cause if so grab that necklace, if not burn it with the body.
>>
No. 558215 ID: a87e3a

>>558211
Did he just forget he said it was glowing? Could be a mind-affecting magical item in that case... This seems dangerous. I would not recommend touching the necklace directly. Retrieving those daggers should be relatively safe though.
>>
No. 558216 ID: a87e3a

Ah, wait. Mind-altering effects means... I think this corpse has a Wraith in it now. Stay away, put up warning signs, and tell the guards to bring some trained Vildmen to either burn the body or stand guard while the city's necromancers study it.
>>
No. 558219 ID: d0e0a2

We don't see anything glowing. Granted our vision is pretty bad, but we'd see the glow if there was any.

Back off. Something here is either messing with Thuul's memory, his vision, or creating the illusion he said that. If Thuul is enthralled or something get the guards to help you drag him away. Once you have some distance ask the guards what they saw and heard.

If Thuul objects to leaving his daggers behind say you'll buy him replacements if we can't get them back.

Do you know of any symbol or image that is of an eye like what Thuul supposedly said?

Head down to the harbor. Since it's outside of the area effected then there might be folks who could help us.

If we're gonna deal with that necklace we're gonna need container that can block the effect of a small dangerous magical artifact. Who around here deals with ancient magic artifacts that might have something like that?

We're also gonna need a long pole with a hook on the end to get the necklace. Whoever handles the street lamps probably has one to refill the higher ones.
>>
No. 558234 ID: b3ca75
File 139007610357.png - (19.42KB , 900x450 , 75.png )
558234

>Back off. Something here is either messing with Thuul's memory, his vision, or creating the illusion he said that.
:IlbirRUST: Right, we’re backing off… forget the daggers, Thuul.
:ThuulRUST: Don’t worry, tiny boss, I got like ten more of those. They are really cheap to buy in bulk.
>Head down to the harbor. Since it's outside of the area effected then there might be folks who could help us.
:KeerGuardRUST: There’s mostly warehouses down there… with a few places for the sailors to rest and relax. I’ll see if I can find anyone of importance down there, sir.

>Do you know of any symbol or image that is of an eye like what Thuul supposedly said?
…I can’t recall anything looking like that out of the blue, no…
>If we're gonna deal with that necklace we're gonna need container that can block the effect of a small dangerous magical artifact.
It would be hard to find one somewhere in the city… at least time consuming. I’m pretty sure the caravan can’t wait forever so…

>We're also gonna need a long pole with a hook on the end to get the necklace. Whoever handles the street lamps probably has one to refill the higher ones.
:IlbirRUST: Right, Thuul, use this to retrieve the necklace, if you can.
:ThuulRUST: Um… I can’t?
:IlbirRUST: …what do you me- it’s gone, isn’t it?
:ThuulRUST: I can’t see the hand shaped necklace anywhere, tiny boss. It would be easy to spot with it vibrating and all.
:IlbirRUST: …you said it was shaped like an eye.
:ThuulRUST: …no, I didn’t?
:KeerGuardRUST: You said it was shaped like an eye and was glowing.
:ThuulRUST: No, I’m pretty sure I said it was shaped like a star and was changing colors.
:IlbirRUST: …please tell me you aren’t messing with me?
:ThuulRUST: Can’t say I do, sir.
:KeerGuardRUST: Hmm… I think I can see a ring on his left hand… a crescent moon… and it’s sparkling in the moon light.
:ThuulRUST: I can’t see anything.
:IlbirRUST: Are you sure? I can’t see anything on his left hand, let alone a moon ring.
:KeerGuardRUST: I said right hand… and it’s a sun, not moon! Geez… are you deaf, dwarf?
:IlbirRUST: …this is just getting weird.

Insert Welp, I’m going to accidently press /General instead of /quest for the next week and a half…_
>>
No. 558235 ID: 9ddf68

you know what, fuck it lets just get the hell out of here, also I see something white behind the barrels next to the guard
>>
No. 558236 ID: adc042

>>558234
I see a bit of a white something behind you guys on the other side of the barrels.
Either way, this is a crazy magical item thing that we MIGHT want to avoid as best as we can.
>>
No. 558241 ID: a87e3a

Uh yeah let's get out of here and set down warning signs. Whatever this is, it's not meant for you to see.

Is one of the guards missing?
>>
No. 558242 ID: 4a75fa

>it was either a localized temporal acceleration, or every living entity in the city was teleported away
Or every living thing was absorbed/consumed.

>Magic item that's different every time you look at it.
Huh. Some kind of perception thing, or an illusion? I'm wonder why it doesn't affect Ilbir. Because he's connected to us? And we don't see anything. Hmm.

[Send a little part of our self to go investigate].

Any of these shops or houses nearby have a mirror we could hold up?
>>
No. 558246 ID: d0e0a2

I spy something white behind the topmost barrel behind the guard. All three of you check that out.

>>558242
I second this. Mirrors have seen through illusions for us before, so get a mirror and scope out this whole scene with it.

If it turns out there's just the corpse then I say destroy it, since it's probably the source of the illusions. Hook and drag it away from the building, throw a couple flasks of oil on it and burn it.
>>
No. 558276 ID: b3ca75
File 139008504689.png - (20.71KB , 900x450 , 76.png )
558276

>Is one of the guards missing?
He went down to the harbor… alone… um… hopefully he’s okay.
>I spy something white behind the topmost barrel behind the guard. All three of you check that out.
…I… I should have sworn that I saw someone there but… it’s nothing.
>Huh. Some kind of perception thing, or an illusion? I'm wonder why it doesn't affect Ilbir. Because he's connected to us?
Or maybe because I have a rather bad eyesight. I probably wouldn’t spot something as small as a ring or amulet this far away.
>Any of these shops or houses nearby have a mirror we could hold up?
Well… I do have a small hand mirror on me… it got a small crack now thanks to our little adventure today but… no, I can’t see anything out of the ordinary in it.
>If it turns out there's just the corpse then I say destroy it, since it's probably the source of the illusions.
It burns just like any other corpse… I hate the smell of burning flesh…

>you know what, fuck it lets just get the hell out of here.
:IlbirRUST: Let’s head back to the caravan. I rather be home when the sun rises…
:ThuulRUST: Right, small boss.
:KeerGuardRUST: Go on without us, sir. The caravan will be safe even if it’s guarded by two fewer guards. We need to… fix stuff here…



:JerichoRUSTED: Ugh… I’m beat… I’m been burning and freezing fezzes all day...
:ElirazRUST: Ugh… I’ve been sitting in a stuffy office myself… going through a bunch of paper work… When I said I would help with the murder investigate I thought it would be… a bit more exciting.
:ArtemisRUST: I learned cats doesn’t like it when you pull their tails…
:ElirazRUST: Please, don’t remind me… wait, where is my sister? I haven’t seen her since the whole wraith… you know what, never mind…
:JerichoRUSTED: Tera, do you want me to escort you home to the temple?
:TeraRUST: Actually, Reizn made me your official necromancer! I’ve got my own room in the palace… and I get like… billions of crows every month! It’s awesome!
:JerichoRUSTED: …you’re what?
:ElirazRUST: She takes care of you… I mean, as a necromancer. All the undead stuff…
:TeraRUST: Of course… I have no idea where my room is… um…
:ArtemisRUST: ...I want a room too…
:ElirazRUST: Um… why?
:ArtemisRUST: …because people have rooms, right? I want one too… I’m people too, right?
:ElirazRUST: Ugh…

Insert Just another day_
>>
No. 558279 ID: a87e3a

>>558276
Jericho's old servant quarters are free, right? Wait, what is Artemis's status? Is she a servant, guard, what?

Also, uh, we just got back from Ilbir and Thaark. They found some tribals chasing another tribal so Thaark and his cohort took out the aggressors. Turns out they were demon worshippers, and one of them successfully channeled SOMETHING that possessed his body and used it as a projectile, launched it at a nearby small town then everyone in it disappeared. Just gone, no trace. All the lights snuffed out too. The corpse of the mantis remained behind, but in an advanced stage of rot as if it'd been there for weeks. The mantis was wearing... something magical that refused to be tied down to any one identifiable shape- every time someone described it they believed it was a different shape moments later.

We just burned the body rather than fuck with whatever that was.
>>
No. 558280 ID: 4a75fa

>official necromancer
Welcome to employment, I suppose. You won't need to go back to the temple for further training or learning at some point?

>Terra's room, Artemis' room
Uh, who handles that kind of thing? Is there a quartermaster we talk to?

Artemis' request isn't unreasonable. People deserve their own space.

Does Tera have any stuff that need to be moved?
>>
No. 558286 ID: d0e0a2

Tell Artemis people usually have rooms for a dark and quiet place to sleep, a private space to go where they won't be bothered, and someplace to store their belongings. Since she doesn't sleep, and doesn't own anything yet, she doesn't need much of a room, so for now she could share a room with Tera. She could be Tera's guide, and Tera could be Artemis' minder. So lets go find Reizn and find out where Tera's room is.

Now, we just got back from Thaark and Ilbir and we have good news and bad news. Good news is: They're fine, they got Kranhon back, and even snapped up two tribal prisoners as well, one of which is very likely shaman Durach's son. They're all currently on the overnight caravan back from Then’dranil and will be here by daybreak.

Bad news is: Everyone in Then’dranil is gone. Not dead; Just gone. Without a trace. Along with every other living creature in the city.

What happened is we spotted some tribesmen running down another one. Thaark and Thuul went to investigate, striking down two of the pursuers and capturing the third, along with the pursued. Unfortunately the pursuers were daemon worshipers, and in dying one of them became the channel for a summon. Thaark and Thuul got away with the prisoners right before darkness exploded from the corpse and shot towards Then’dranil. Next thing we saw was the lights in the city snuffed out.

Ilbir and Thuul went back into the city with a couple of the city guard to investigate and found no sign of the populace. No signs of a fight, no remains, no tracks, nothing, save for the corpse of the daemon worshiper smack in the middle of the city. It was decayed like it'd been dead for decades. It was also effecting Thuul and the guards' minds, making them think they were seeing jewelry on the body that wasn't there and what it was kept shifting in their minds. We decided there just wasn't the time or resources there to handle that, so we torched the body and left.

The sultan should probably be informed of this, along with Xaldin, Reizn and possibly the Keer ambassador. Also, a group of fast scouts should be sent to confirm what we saw and see what the tribes are doing with the now empty city.
>>
No. 558314 ID: 9ddf68

well if you guys want something to shake your day up a bit the tribals MAY be in some kind of civil war but we have no real proof of that other then seeing on tribal run away form other tribals trying to kill him for not worshiping deamons, also the tribals now seem to be able to summon deamons, plus the vildmen mercs they've hired, and there ice golem army these guys are getting stronger daily. Won't be long now before they even trump your own military might. Oh well we'll figure it out one way or another.
>>
No. 558388 ID: b3ca75
File 139013913266.png - (24.45KB , 900x450 , 77.png )
558388

>What is Artemis's status? Is she a servant, guard, what?
:ElirazRUST: She’s a golem… I’m pretty sure she counts as furniture.
:ArtemisRUST: Yay, I want to be a chair! …no, wait, a lamp!
>Welcome to employment, I suppose. You won't need to go back to the temple for further training or learning at some point?
:TeraRUST: Actually, my full title is… um… something fancy sounding apprentice. The guy who’s the main necromancer here is supposed to teach me new stuff.
:ElirazRUST: About time he got an assistant. I do believe I know where your room is, then.

>Does Tera have any stuff that need to be moved?
:TeraRUST: Well, yes, but that can wait. At least to tomorrow.
>Since she doesn't sleep, and doesn't own anything yet, she doesn't need much of a room, so for now she could share a room with Tera.
:ArtemisRUST: Actually, One of the voices in my head said I need to rest one hour a day unless I want to lose all my batter again.
:ElirazRUST: I think you mean battery.
>She could be Tera's guide, and Tera could be Artemis' minder. So lets go find Reizn and find out where Tera's room is.
:TeraRUST: Oh, I always wanted a personal guide. There’s probably some room for you in my room, Mr. Stone McAwesomeRock.
:ArtemisRUST: It’s going to be like a sleepover, yay! Oh! That means we have to have a pillow fight… and spin a bottle… and be courageous!

>Now, we just got back from Thaark and Ilbir and we have good news and bad news.
:ElirazRUST: What do you mean, gone!?
:JerichoRUSTED: So we’re really fighting a daemon now?
:ElirazRUST: I have to talk with mother about this… tomorrow… when Ilbir is back.
:TeraRUST: This is just getting worse and worse.
:ArtemisRUST: What is Deenom?
:JerichoRUSTED: Bad people. Now, let’s get Tera back to her room.
:ArtemisRUST: Why are they bad?
:JerichoRUSTED: …because they hurt people?
:ArtemisRUST: Why?
:ElirazRUST: Because… err… they think it’s funny?
:ArtemisRUST: …why?
:ElirazRUST: …because that’s the way they are, just accept it.
:ArtemisRUST: …why? Can’t they change? Maybe… maybe they hurt people because they are hungry? Animals hurt other animals when they are hungry… you hurt animals when you’re hungry… and plants. Poor plants… they never stood a chance…
:JerichoRUSTED: …Artemis, please stop being so naively wise.

Insert Just another glorious day_
>>
No. 558393 ID: 4a75fa

Artemis: we don't actually know why they're doing the seemingly terrible things they're doing. You're right that they might have a reason, and if we understood that reason, we might be able to do something about it.

Unfortunately, until we know why, all we can do is prepare, investigate, and try to protect those we can.
>>
No. 558402 ID: d0e0a2

Actually, Artemis does bring up a point. We don't know what the daemons' motives and objectives are. What their needs and drives are. We don't know how they come into this world and how long they can stay. We don't even know what they are or if they're intelligent. We know hardly anything about them, and when facing an adversary as powerful as they are that puts us at a serious disadvantage. We need to find out more.

If Artemis wishes to help us on this front then suggest she learn everything she can about daemons; Become an expert on daemons. She can start with reading all the material on them in the palace library, then move on to speaking with those who know about them.

Tell Temrock what happened at the Keer city and get his thoughts. Is it anything like what he has heard of or seen before? Oh, and was there an actual daemon at Necranest or was that just an exaggeration on the part of the messenger?

Oh, and Tera, this question is unrelated to what's happening right now, but I don't know if there's going to be a good time to ask: Does necromantic reattachment to the living work with eyes? Just a thought you might find of interest.
>>
No. 558403 ID: 9ddf68

I see something white in the bottom corner of the left most window

Anyways Artemis Deamons are incredibly powerful beings that tend to destroy, hurt, or just plain ruin someones day for reasons we don't even know. Because we don't even know why they hurt people and only really that they are really strong it adds to the deamons fear factor as people are scared shitless of the unknown. Regardless of what they may or may not be after I'm pretty sure none of them want to be our friend.

Also why are we being surrounded by guards?
>>
No. 558409 ID: a87e3a

>>558388
Yeah I guess we don't actually have any idea why Demons do what they do. All we have to go on is what that one Wraith said.

Speaking of which, I wonder if we could set up something to let us talk to our captive Wraith.
>>
No. 558410 ID: a87e3a

>>558403
>window
That's the mantis guard's abdomen.
>>
No. 558418 ID: b3ca75
File 139015805659.png - (24.37KB , 900x450 , 78.png )
558418

>Does necromantic reattachment to the living work with eyes? Just a thought you might find of interesting.
:TeraRUST: (Of course it does… as long as the eyes aren’t to damaged… like mine. Taking someone else’s eyes doesn’t really work either… there’s a reason why Thaark is so special.)
>Oh, and was there an actual daemon at Necranest or was that just an exaggeration on the part of the messenger?
:JerichoRUSTED: Necranest was described like it was attacked and burned down by tribals. It didn’t sound at all like the attack you guys just described.
>why are we being surrounded by guards?
:ElirazRUST: Coincidence? I’m pretty sure Temrock and his guards are on their way to his chambers while that guard escorting the servant is on their way somewhere else… again… and the mantis doctor is probably going to bed too.

>Actually, Artemis does bring up a point. We don't know what the daemons' motives and objectives are.
:ElirazRUST: Simple, they want to kill us all!
:JerichoRUSTED: I’m pretty sure it’s more complex than that… it’s like with the tribes.
:ElirazRUST: You guys are different. You’re people… they are not.
:JerichoRUSTED: I’m only saying that you shouldn’t judge them all on the actions of one.
>If Artemis wishes to help us on this front then suggest she learn everything she can about daemons; Become an expert on daemons.
:ArtemisRUST: I’ll be the master this time! You will call me Master Artemis… no wait, you’re supposed to use your last name… err… one of the voices says it’s… B… 4... T… 3?
:ElirazRUST: Can’t we just call you Artemis? Just between us friends?
:ArtemisRUST: Of course, friends! But I’ll start becoming master tonight, you’ll see! I’ll know everything!
>Regardless of what they may or may not be after I'm pretty sure none of them want to be our friend.
:ArtemisRUST: WHAAAT!? How can they not want friends!? Impossible! I think if we give them a big, warm hug they’ll become our friends!
:JerichoRUSTED: If only it was that easy.

>Tell Temrock what happened at the Keer city and get his thoughts.
:TemrockRUST: What!? That… that can’t be… are you sure? Do you have any proof of this?
:ElirazRUST: Well… err… Iblir will be able to confirm it when he comes.
:TemrockRUST: Well, until then… actually, keep quiet about this. We don’t need rumors or worse, a panic, right now, do you understand, lad?
:ElirazRUST: Of course.
>Speaking of which, I wonder if we could set up something to let us talk to our captive Wraith.
:TemrockRUST: It will be ready tomorrow… I would rather see to it that you didn’t talk to it. Let us… “professional” handle this. Oh, And Eliraz, are you sure you want to train with me? The training will start early tomorrow, lad.
:ElirazRUST: Of course I want to! I’m ready, you’ll see!
:TemrockRUST: Bah, you’ll probably be back to sucking your mother’s teat in less than a minute…
:TeraRUST: …lizards doesn’t have teats. Actually, I feel sorry for you lizard guys, having no fun bags to play with…
:TemrockRUST: …You’re Tera, right? Reizn asked me to escort you to your room, if you want to, lass.

Insert No fun allowed… especially fun in bags_
>>
No. 558420 ID: 9ddf68

I thought we promised Artemis the honor of seeing her back to her room
>>
No. 558423 ID: 4a75fa

>Simple, they want to kill us all!
Unless something is a mindless force of nature, or an unthinking animal, most things have motives for their cruelty. They kill for a reason.

Honestly, if they are dumb animals, that makes things easier for us. But we don't really have the evidence t support that. Even the wraith could speak, in a fashion.

>lizards, no fun bags
Well, there's always implants, terrifying experimental genetic alteration, or just inter-species romance.

They do get tails, though. Plenty you can do with those.

And then there's always being human, picking up a tail, adding on a bolt with screw and interspecies dating for the best of all worlds.
>>
No. 558428 ID: a87e3a

Alright, so tomorrow Eliraz will be unavailable. Perhaps we can do more work with the Shaman then, and maybe help with Jericho's training. We can probably find other things to do based on the testimony of the two captured tribals...

Oh, we could send one of our pawns to the capital to investigate Morkay's intended target. We might be able to prevent him from getting whatever it is, or maybe even HELP him if that is mutually beneficial.

Still not sure what Morkay is, exactly. Oh, did we describe him for you guys? He looks like a really tall black Lizard, but not as wide as you'd expect. He's all stretched out, almost like it's a cunning disguise and he's using stilts or something.
>>
No. 558429 ID: a87e3a

Oh! Jericho, did you check the book of prophecy recently?
>>
No. 558431 ID: b3ca75
File 139016305494.png - (22.61KB , 900x450 , 79.png )
558431

>They do get tails, though. Plenty you can do with those.
:TeraRUST: (Hmm… I haven’t thought about that~)
> And then there's always being human, picking up a tail, adding on a bolt with screw and interspecies dating for the best of all worlds.
:TeraRUST: (That sounds… either very stupid or hot. I can’t really decide.)
>Oh, we could send one of our pawns to the capital to investigate Morkay's intended target.
:ElirazRUST: (Well, we’re already in the capital… you said it was the crypts, right? That’s only half an hour from here.)
>Jericho, did you check the book of prophecy recently?
“A journey begins, a ship going north carrying the bringer of light to the dark pillars that holds up the heavens.”
“And thus it came to past, the heralds failed to give the coming darkness the son of the moral one, splintering the freemen even more.”
“A city consumed, the horde growing even fatter as the day of the dead march approaches.”
:JerichoRUSTED: (Well, that’s not ominous at all…)
:TeraRUST: (I don’t get it…)

>Honestly, if they are dumb animals, that makes things easier for us.
:TemrockRUST: Never underestimated your enemy, lad. Even the feeblest of boars will gorge you if given the chance.
>I thought we promised Artemis the honor of seeing her back to her room.
:JerichoRUSTED: Well, Artemis can go with them, right?
:ArtemisRUST: Yay, adventure! Then I’ll find books about daemons! Yay!
:TeraRUST: I guess this is goodnight, then?
:ElirazRUST: Goodnight Tera, Artemis… and Temrock…
:JerichoRUSTED: See you tomorrow.
:ArtemisRUST: Dream of beautiful women eating marshmallows, everyone!
:ElirazRUST: Err… Artemis, you’re… never mind… ugh… I really need to relax after everything that’s happened today…
:TemrockRUST: Well then, was it anything else, lads and lasses? Or should we call it the night?

Insert Wrapping up_
>>
No. 558433 ID: a87e3a

>>558431
Ship going north? Does that refer to us sending Grey away?
>"And thus it came to past, the heralds failed to give the coming darkness the son of the moral one, splintering the freemen even more."
I'm really not sure what this is about. The Coming Darkness is the demon force, but who are the heralds, the son of the moral one, and the freemen? I wish I knew exactly when each of these new entries were written, then we could match them up with events we know about.

I'm starting to think Morkay wants to get to the crypt in order to give a whole shit-ton of Wraiths vessels right in the middle of the city.
>>
No. 558437 ID: 87e6c2

>>558433
It's us saving Recho. We're 'heralds', the 'moral one' is Durach, and we pulled his son's ass out of the fire before the demon did whatever it did. I have no idea who the freemen are though- possibly a different faction of tribals? Perhaps the 'horde' refers to the demons as well? God prophesies can be useless. We need someone who can interpret this thing.
>>
No. 558441 ID: a87e3a

>>558437
Ah, I see. So we must be the heralds. I'm thinking the "freemen" are the tribals in general, and the demon horde is a growing number of Wraiths under the thumb of the demon, so it's more like "demon's horde". I wonder if Morkay is a demon?

Wait, if Recho was being chased down, that means Durach could be in trouble. Maybe we should check in with him to see how he's doing. And ask what Morkay's powers are, to see if that matches what Demons should be able to do.
>>
No. 558444 ID: d0e0a2

Yeah, call it a night. After the day you've all had I'd imagine you'd all like to just crash. Especially Eliraz with happened with the wraith. Yanno, Elizah did say the harem gives a killer massage. How 'bout you take advantage of that, Eliraz? Or if not, then Tera could? Or Jericho? Would a massage even work for Jericho?

We did say it was the crypts, Eliraz; Specifically the royal crypts. Of course we don't expect you to go down there tonight, but do make arrangements to do so sometime tomorrow.

Oh, Jericho, could you ask Artemis to ask Rose if she was adding her own voice into the mix with ours back during the magus' test when you got all hot and bothered. There were a couple lewd lines in there that didn't come from your head or us, but they sounded like they'd come from Rose.

I think I know what the second and third lines of prophecy are. The "son of the moral one" in the second one is Durach's son, which we saved from the daemon cultists, and the "freemen" are the tribals. The third line is what happened to Then’dranil. But I dunno about the first one. It could Gray and her pawn heading north, it could be Varius on his expedition, or it could be somebody we haven't met. Anybody else we can think of that recently headed on a journey to the Northlands?

These prophecies aren't really worth much if they come in after the events, are they? Maybe Jericho should make a note to check the book as soon as it starts writing.

We better try to switch to Durach now. If he's not already dead he's probably in a heap of trouble and could use our help.

>>558441
I really doubt Mor'Kay is a daemon. Though, when we asked Durach about Mor'Kay's weird proportions, he said Mor'Kay's body wasn't a normal one; That it's "all magic and stuff." Maybe it's a suit of animated armor and Mor'Kay has missing limbs or is otherwise crippled?
>>
No. 558445 ID: 4a75fa

>either very stupid or hot
That really does sum up Erin, doesn't it.

>Never underestimated your enemy, lad.
Not doing so. We're assuming it's intelligent until proven otherwise. At which point things would get easier. A feeble boar can gore you, yes, but I'd prefer to take my chances with the boar rather than a man who could outsmart us.
>>
No. 558453 ID: a87e3a

Oh, hang on. The "heralds" are more likely to be the demon worshipers that were chasing Recho. After all, they failed, we didn't.
>>
No. 558578 ID: b3ca75
File 139023603635.png - (18.91KB , 900x450 , 80.png )
558578

>I'm starting to think Morkay wants to get to the crypt in order to give a whole shit-ton of Wraiths vessels right in the middle of the city.
:ElirazRUST: Unless they can turn ash into bodies I highly doubt that would work. Hmm… of course, there’s always the possibility that he doesn’t know that we generally cremate our dead.
>We did say it was the crypts, freak; Specifically the royal crypts. Of course we don't expect you to go down there tonight, but do make arrangements to do so sometime tomorrow.
:ElirazRUST: I’ll see what I can arrange.
>Jericho, could you ask Artemis to ask Rose if she was adding her own voice into the mix with ours back during the magus' test when you got all hot and bothered.
:ArtemisRUST: Um… she said she can’t do that.
:JerichoRUSTED: …am I really that dirty minded?

>Yanno, Elizah did say the harem gives a killer massage.
:ElirazRUST: Maybe another time, I’ve have some other ideas…
>Yeah, call it a night. After the day you've all had I'd imagine you'd all like to just crash. Especially the freak with happened with the wraith.
:JerichoRUSTED: I don’t really sleep but… do you want some company?
:ElirazRUST: Actually… I’ve been thinking… you know how I promised to show you how good I am with my tongue?
:JerichoRUSTED: …you didn’t really promise but sure?
:ElirazRUST: Well… I need to let out some steam and… would you mind… err… you know… just lie down on your stomach on the bed and lift that cute tail of yours and I’ll do the rest… err… if you want to, of course.
:JerichoRUSTED: …wait, stomach? But I thought you… but… that my…
:ElirazRUST: You’re going to love it… I promise…
:JerichoRUSTED: Are you sure?
:ElirazRUST: Of course I am… err… well, I’ve never actually done it before but… I’m as sure as one who’s never done it can be.
:JerichoRUSTED: …have you ever done anything like this at all?
:ElirazRUST: …err… well… no… I… I’ve never actually…
:JerichoRUSTED: You’re a virgin and yet you’ve had a personal harem since you were a teenager? That’s… I have to admit, I have to respect your will power.
:ElirazRUST: …actually… I… I wanted to use them but… I… I was afraid they would think I was a freak because… um… you know…
:JerichoRUSTED: Eliraz… how many times do I have to tell you. No one thinks you’re a freak. You’re a bit different, yes, but not in a bad way. Besides, who cares what they think? You’re the freaking prince, have some self-respect!
:ElirazRUST: …thank you, Jer…
:JerichoRUSTED: Now, how about you show that gratefulness with your tongue, beautiful.
>>
No. 558579 ID: b3ca75
File 139023605027.png - (27.65KB , 900x450 , 81.png )
558579

>We better try to switch to Durach now. If he's not already dead he's probably in a heap of trouble and could use our help.
:MorkayRUSTED: -and how does the hunt for the last key stone go?
:HorusRUST: I’ve sent some of our best men to a likely location, warlord, but it will take a while before we have a confirmation. I know that we failed to retrieve the one near the Keer city but we won’t fail you this time. Oh, and are you sure taking the path through Deadhallow pass is the best course of action? This is a prime location for an ambush.
:MorkayRUSTED: It the only way unless you want to traverse the endless desert on foot. Half our army would be dead before we got there, the other half sick with sunstroke. No, we’re ready for whatever ambush they have set up. Whatever they have waiting to attack us from the cliffs will regret ever getting in our path.
:AkenaRUST: Let them come, we’ll slaughter them like the animals they are…
:DurachRUST: Speaking of animals. Did you really have to hunt down that Inex just to put its corpse on a pole? We already got enough food as it is…
:AkenaRUST: Heh, I hear you’ve never had the pleasure to kill something. To feel its life drain away from it as you rip it to pieces… it’s so… satisfying.
:DurachRUST: At least you can refrain from licking the blood from your blades…
>Ask what Morkay's powers are, to see if that matches what Demons should be able to do.
Huh? Oh, you guys… I hope you’re willing to forgive our… actions last time we met. Mor’kays powers? Um… the warlord can control fire and stuff… I guess? Wait, Daemons?!
>It’s a trap.
…it is? Well, we are expecting an ambush but… um…

Insert Tongue twister Deluxe edition_
>>
No. 558595 ID: 62d3af

Uhh...City...There was a city that got a demon dropped on it, and all living critters nearby went bye-bye.
Anyone remember what that place was called?
>>
No. 558596 ID: a87e3a

>>558579
Okay, so definitely not a Demon then. Did he ever explain why his body is like that? Or why he has fire powers? Only the royal family is supposed to have those. Speaking of which, do you know what Morkay is looking for in the crypts? As far as we could find out, there's nothing there. Oh, and shouldn't Esiros have fire powers alongside his ice powers? He is of royal blood after all. Hey, have you told anyone about us? Like, for instance, Esiros? Please don't, not yet. Not until we can prove we have the best interests of everyone in mind.

Hang on, who would ambush you? Are you guys fighting the Demon worshipers too? Oh, we managed to rescue your son from them, by the way. They said they were serving the "Dark One" if that's familiar to you. Unfortunately we also found out that they can summon the Demon's power with their dying breath. That took out an entire town. All the inhabitants, just gone. The cultist that did that was wearing some sort of bizarre piece of jewelry that nobody could agree on what it looked like. Their corpse was left in the middle of the town, oddly dessicated. We burned it rather than mess around with something we didn't understand.

If you're expecting an ambush from the royal army or something then might I suggest waiting until we can call it off? The Demon threat is far more important than the war over water, and if we can get both the tribals and royals to work together we stand a far greater chance of preventing the extinction of all life. What are you supposed to do if they have archers on the cliffs, anyway?
>>
No. 558598 ID: a87e3a

>>558595
Then’dranil. Only the harbor survived.
>>
No. 558615 ID: d0e0a2

Durach, there is going to be an ambush, but it's going to come from below, not above. The Serath have fielded their best necromancers to animate the corpses in Deadhallow Pass to attack you. I dunno how many they can raise, but they've had at least a day to prepare the trap.

Now, what I'm about to say you likely won't believe, but here goes. We saved Recho from being cut down by three tribesmen for releasing the mine owners. He's currently on a caravan to the Serath capital, so sorry for him being captured, but we couldn't stop that. That's not the unbelievable part. What is is that the three tribesmen were daemon cultists. We heard them say things about a "Dark One" and the "Darkness" and that your gods don't exist right before they were about to kill Recho.

What's even more unbelievable is that one of the cultists, as he was dying, gave up his life to summon what we think was a daemon. It was a surge of darkness that erupted from him and hit Then’dranil, snuffing out the city's lights. When we investigated we found that every person and living entity in the city was gone without a trace, and the cultist's dessicated corpse was in the middle of the city. There was some weird mind-fuckery going on around it, so we had it torched.

So the tribes have daemon worshipers in their ranks. I hope it's infiltrators, but if they're in here intentionally there's going to be hell to pay.

You said before Mor'Kay's body is "magic and stuff," so what exactly is his body? And where does his fire magic affinity come from? Who were his parents?

And what heck is with Akena? She's enjoying killing way more than she should. That a recent thing or has she always been that way?

Wait a second... "It's a trap?" None of us said that! Where'd that come from?! And "freak" was substituted for Eliraz's name! Dammit, we got an infiltrator in here! That's where those lewd suggestions came from before!
>>
No. 558616 ID: 9ddf68

hey guy, do you know what happened to your son? Cause we think we may have an idea on where he's at, The good news it's somewhere where he isn't being chased by deamon worshipers anymore.
>>
No. 558637 ID: a87e3a

>>558615
It's either an infiltrator in our hivemind or the connection with our hosts is delving so deep that their subconscious thoughts are being broadcast to them as if we're saying them.
>>
No. 558645 ID: d0e0a2

>>558637
Okay, that's a possibility, but how come it's happening now? Hmm... Perhaps a fragment of that wraith that reverberated through us broke off and is lodged in here. It'd make sense, since wraiths are all about reflecting peoples' deep and dark thoughts and fears back at them in distorted and grotesque ways. But whatever it is I just hope it doesn't get much worse before we fix it.
>>
No. 558660 ID: b3ca75
File 139025128430.png - (28.90KB , 900x450 , 82.png )
558660

>Hey, have you told anyone about us?
I’ve told the son I have with me, but he didn’t really believe me.
>Did he ever explain why his body is like that?
It’s… complicated… I don’t know exactly but it’s magic. Magic and steel.
>Or why he has fire powers? Only the royal family is supposed to have those.
Actually, there exist more people with fire magic… of course, they generally live in other nations but still…
>Oh, and shouldn't Esiros have fire powers alongside his ice powers? He is of royal blood after all.
It’s because of his lack of fire magic he was denied the throne. He was as magicless as anyone else before the gods saw it fit to gift him with ice powers. Sometimes I question their decisions.
>Do you know what Morkay is looking for in the crypts?
A way to make the very skies cry.

>what heck is with Akena? She's enjoying killing way more than she should. That a recent thing or has she always been that way?
She’s always been addicted to fighting. But… her blood lust has started to become worse as of late.
>What are you supposed to do if they have archers on the cliffs, anyway?
Mor’kay got some plan or another. Something about weapons and formations and people sneaking in the cliffs and… I don’t really understand all this warfare stuff…
>We saved Recho from being cut down by three tribesmen for releasing the mine owners. He's currently on a caravan to the Serath capital, so sorry for him being captured, but we couldn't stop that. They were Daemon cultists by the way.
…What!? WHAT!? T-they… have they really grown this bold!? He’s alright, right? Dammit, I would have gone personally instead of sending him! I should have left him at home with the rest!
>Daemon cultists… gave up his life to summon what we think was a daemon… snuffed out a whole city.
…Is this the truth? Then it’s worse then I should ever imagine. I knew that the cultist have been growing in numbers but… to actually summon one? I… I need to find evidence of this! I need to warn the tribes!! I… I need to rally them for the real threat!

>Durach, there is going to be an ambush, but it's going to come from below, not above. The Serath have fielded their best necromancers to animate the corpses in Deadhallow Pass to attack you.
Wha- but that can’t be… unless… unless they brought them back ass mindless beasts…
:DurachRUST: The dead! They’ve been raising the very dead we’ve been walking on!
:HorusRUST: …are you sure? They seem rather… well, dead to m-
:MorkayRUSTED: To arms, brother and sisters! TO ARMS!
:TribalRUST: T-the dead! The dead is rising!!
:MorkayRUSTED: Change formations! Protect the archers!
>>
No. 558661 ID: b3ca75
File 139025129530.png - (17.97KB , 900x450 , Silly1.png )
558661

:IlbirRUST: -which I’ve always found to be the easiest way to clean myself before the whole thing.
:JerichoRUSTED: Luckily I never need to clean myself like that.
:ElirazRUST: I’ve actually been wondering. How does it work with you guys… what with Ilbir being so small and Kran being… well, a mantis.
:KranhonRUST: To be honest… err… I’m not one of the biggest guys you’ll find…
:IlbirRUST: Nonsense, you’re big enough for me! Oh, and you really must try having some fun with a mantis some time. You haven’t really lived until you’ve felt one shooting half a dozen eggs up y-
:ThaarkRUST: OH GODS DAMN YOU ALL, can you stop talking about gay sex and focus on the task at hand!? We have a zombie horde right outside who are trying to eat our brains!
:UnknownKAK: Braaaainss….
:TeraRUST: Braaaains…
:TribalRUST: Liveeerr….
:UnknownKAK: Psst, it’s braainss… not liver.
:TribalRUST: Oh shi- I mean… braaaiins…
:TeraRUST: Living flesh taste like chickeeeen…
:UnknownKAK: Zombies taste like craaap…

Insert Quick, hock up a keyboard to a dream cast and start typing like mad!_
>>
No. 558664 ID: 9ddf68

you have at least 2 fire mages with you, why are you worried. If you're scared you might catch fire to the building just have Jericho use ice magic to freeze the windows and doors to buy time.
>>
No. 558667 ID: dbe554

I'm amazed they don't just walk around the empty sides and come at yall.
>>
No. 558668 ID: a87e3a

>>558661
Oh it's the end of the thread.

Hey why don't you all become zombies? Then they won't eat you.
>>
No. 558672 ID: d0e0a2

...What? Well, that was an abrupt scene change. Is it really that time again? [Checks post count] Huh, guess it is. Didn't feel that long, though.

Hey, since living flesh tastes like chicken, then EAT GODDAMN CHICKENS and leave us alone!

Everyone, get into the whitespace. Thaark, Kran, push the scenery over, crushing the zombies under it.

And "eggs?" Is that right? I thought male mantises produced spermatophores. Either way, mantis reproductive biology is weird.
>>
No. 558679 ID: b3ca75
File 139025736533.png - (19.91KB , 900x450 , Silly2.png )
558679

>You have at least 2 fire mages with you, why are you worried.
:JerichoRUSTED: Because this is reality! We can’t throw around fire like in the quest out here!
>Hey why don't you all become zombies? Then they won't eat you.
:ElirazRUST: That’s like Thaarks “let’s die so they don’t kill us” plan.
:ThaarkRUST: Hey! That was a perfectly valid plan!
:ThuulRUST: Like the “Let’s eat ourselves so they can’t eat us”?
:KranhonRUST: “Surrender so they can’t capture us?”
:TheenRUST: “Masturbate so they can’t rap-
:IlbirRUST: Please try to keep it classy, people!

>Hey, since living flesh tastes like chicken, then EAT GODDAMN CHICKENS and leave us alone!
:TeraRUST: Because chicken taste like pooork… and I haaate pork… Also, you guys are closer.
:TribalRUST: I like pooork…
:UnknownKAK: Shut up, Mr. Liveeeer…
:JerichoRUSTED: Wait… what does pigs taste like then?
:TeraRUST: Human fleeesh…
>Thaark, Kran, push the scenery over, crushing the zombies under it.
:ThaarkRUST: It’s bolted to the white space!
:KranhonRUST: Damn you safety standards!
>And "eggs?" Is that right? I thought male mantises produced spermatophores. Either way, mantis reproductive biology is weird.
:IlbirRUST: Well, yes, you’re right, but they are generally nicknamed “eggs” or “spermballs”… mostly because spermatoph-
:ThaarkRUST: Do we really need to talk about this right now?
:IlbirRUST: At least I’m not talking about Elizah and her date with Byarla. I bet she / he / it / tentacles / thing mortals aren’t meant to know is putting those tentacles to good use right now.
:TheenRUST: Actually, this sound intriguing…

>I'm amazed they don't just walk around the empty sides and come at y’all.
:JerichoRUSTED: Err…
:TheenRUST: OH GODS, It’s eating my face!? Why shouldn’t it be a hot chick that ate my face instead! ARHG!!
:UnknownKAK: Om nom nom!
:ThaarkRUST: Theen! Noo!! …do you know how hard it is to replace someone like you!? Geez, you only care about yourself and your precious brain…
:ElirazRUST: So… panic?

Insert Don’t panic!_
>>
No. 558682 ID: dbe554

New plan, light everything up and try to avoid the flames!
>>
No. 558687 ID: 9ddf68

Jericho ones behind you so feel free to ax it, Kranhon the blind chick is above you, slash her open like a B-rated horror film, Thuul you still got your throwing knives on you right? Get the one above the shack on the right side, You got weapons here people use them.
>>
No. 558713 ID: d0e0a2

Oh, c'mon! Theen's wearing a mask! That zombie shoulda broken its jaw and all its teeth out biting through that!

And wait a sec... If you can't use magic out here, then Tera can't use necromancy out here either. That means she couldn't have raised the author as a zombie, gotten bitten and turned into a zombie, and then gone on to bite others to form this zombie horde. So this whole situation couldn't have happened and ought to vanish in a puff of logic right about now, returning us back to having a dead author.

But in case I fail to convince reality that it's in the wrong, you do have weapons and the zombies don't. I suggest applying weapons to zombies.

Jericho, quit standing there like a doofus and use that poleaxe. Kranon has a sword; Use that on Tera. Thuul has throwing daggers by the dozen and Thaark has two blades, so go high and low, respectively.
>>
No. 558715 ID: a87e3a

>>558679
Thaark why don't you just kill them all? Jericho, use that halberd.
>>
No. 558735 ID: 3f0c1b

You need to find the laptop again, it's probably your only hope at this time.
>>
No. 558827 ID: 4a75fa

Why did Tera's eyes turn red? Shouldn't they still be non-functional?
>>
No. 558850 ID: b3ca75
File 139033609154.png - (19.69KB , 900x450 , Silly3.png )
558850

>Oh, c'mon! Theen's wearing a mask! That zombie shoulda broken its jaw and all its teeth out biting through that!
:ThuulRUST: It’s just Paper Mache. We’re on a budged, you know!
:ThaarkRUST: Budget? What budget?
>I suggest applying weapons to zombies.
>Jericho, axe the gent behind you a question.
>Kranhon, you got a sword and they don’t. Use that edge while you still can.
>Thuul, use your throwing daggers to prove that point.
>Thaark, make sure the zombies cut it out with the whole brain eating thing.
:TeraRUST: The puns… they hurt us…
:JerichoRUSTED: That was a lot easier than I expected.

>Why did Tera's eyes turn red? Shouldn't they still be non-functional?
:IlbirRUST: That is interesting, ac-
:JerichoRUSTED: Shh… don’t!
>If you can't use magic out here, then Tera can't use necromancy out here either. That means she couldn't have raised the author as a zombie, gotten bitten and turned into a zombie, and then gone on to bite others to form this zombie horde. So this whole situation couldn't have happened and ought to vanish in a puff of logic right about now, returning us back to having a dead author.
:JerichoRUSTED: Err… Necromancy doesn’t count as magic?
:IlbirRUST: …why not? It’s quite clearly magic and it couldn’t work in reality.
:ThaarkRUST: But… zombies?
:KranhonRUST: And Jericho? Isn’t he a mummy?
:JerichoRUSTED: Err… it’s just toilet paper! Now shut up before it he-
:ThuulRUST: Toilet paper made of silk?
:JerichoRUSTED: I… I… oh sod, too late! Here it comes!
:IlbirRUST: huh? What is comi-
>>
No. 558851 ID: b3ca75
File 139033610687.png - (10.58KB , 900x450 , Silly4.png )
558851

Giant plot hole has spawned!

:JerichoRUSTED: I blame Ilbir!!!
:ThaarkRUST: My only regret is not hating you guys more!
:IlbirRUST: This doesn’t make any sense at all!
:ThuulRUST: Goodbye, cruel world!

Giant plot hole successfully consumed the cast!
>>
No. 558852 ID: b3ca75
File 139033612262.png - (2.56KB , 900x450 , Silly5.png )
558852


>>
No. 558855 ID: 87e6c2

aaaaand, SCENE!
>>
No. 558857 ID: 4a75fa

Excellent. The eternity of the plot has collapsed into a singularity. Now we just need a single impetus to set off the big bang, and we'll have a brand new bug free universe plot.

We need someone to accidentally play god, stat.
>>
No. 558859 ID: a87e3a

>>558852
Time for a new cast. How about we make them all robots.
>>
No. 558863 ID: 9ddf68

perfect, all according to plan
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password