[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 565644)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 41599 unique user posts. View catalog

File 139430379107.png - (46.96KB , 900x450 , 1.png )
565644 No. 565644 ID: 549d6c

Old threads and Wiki: http://tgchan.org/wiki/Rust
Discussion: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/56976.html
Expand all images
>>
No. 565645 ID: 549d6c
File 139430381191.png - (8.49KB , 900x450 , 2.png )
565645

:AlexUNB: Ahh… *hum hum* oh, you old, you free, you mountain high north~

Insert Oh god! Nudity! Quick, call the soccer moms! This is an emergency!_
>>
No. 565646 ID: 9ddf68

[ding]
Brad's being kidnapped by cultist
>>
No. 565647 ID: 4a75fa

Well, I guess now we see where her body image issues come from. That's a lot of scars.

...let's not freak her out, shall we? Wait till she won't be as bothered by our intrusion.


[Remain silent]
>>
No. 565648 ID: 9b57d3

>>565645
Oh, if only we could appreciate the view for longer. The scars are depressing though. Alex, Brad's been/being kidnapped by cultists.
>>
No. 565649 ID: d0e0a2

>>565647
I concur. She was mad enough at us for barging in on her with just her face exposed. Us jumping in here will make her furious, and in the future may make her scared to take off any clothes at any time lest we see her. Besides, I think we're too late to intercept Brad's abductors. We checked piece status the same time he was being taken and it showed Alexandra was asleep. This is likely later, so we can wait a minute or two until she's clothed to reveal ourselves.

[Remain silent]
[Check piece status]
>>
No. 565650 ID: 549d6c
File 139430845729.png - (8.04KB , 900x450 , 3.png )
565650

>[Check piece status]
[“The Savage” Status: Unconscious. “The hunter” Status: Depressed, tired. “The priest” Status: Tired. “The Alchemist” Status: Drunk, Disappointed, horny, sleeping. “Sister of Wisdom” Status: Tired. “Sister of Power” Status: Tired. “The Valkyrie” Status: Depressed, Tired. Current Corruption level: 0%.]

>[Remain silent]
:AlexUNB: Ugh… I hate early mornings… why did they force us to get up this early?
>[ding]
:AlexUNB: Hmm? Oh, you guys… wait, you didn’t actually see any- never mind. How can I assist you?
>Brad's being kidnapped by cultist.
What!? Right now!? Err… why didn’t they do it in the middle of the night instead of in the morning? Never mind, let’s… err… let’s… let’s do… something? I don’t even know where his room is so…

Insert Scars both inside and out_
>>
No. 565651 ID: 9ddf68

think it was last night actually, we just got pulled into the past and couldn't get back till now, anyways yeah, grab whoever you can find, your bug friend is drunk still/again, and we may have to track down Brad.
>>
No. 565652 ID: d674bc

Hmm.
[check gender of pawns]
Or, being Swedish as you are...
[check biological gender of pawns]
>>
No. 565654 ID: 9b57d3

>>565650
Jeez, all our pawns are tired.

Yeah, Brad got kidnapped last night. Go find out why you're up so early, and ask if anyone saw where Brad was taken to. Brad's still knocked out so we can't switch to him to find out.
>>
No. 565655 ID: d0e0a2

...Dammit. Of course the time warp couldn't drop us in before Brad was taken.

Brad was kidnapped last night, right in front of us. We would have alerted everyone right then if we hadn't been suddenly kicked up the tallest Pillar of the Heavens and nine months minus a week into the past, then bounced back to the Serath nine months ago. We only just now got back to this time and place.

Get down to the dining hall, tell everyone else in our group there that Brad was taken last night, then get his room number from the innkeeper and ask if anybody else asked for his room number yesterday.

Alert any Order paladins that Brad has been taken. They have the tracker spell on him, so they ought to be able to find him if it hasn't been removed. And if it has then they have rangers that can track him.

Brad's still unconscious from whatever the kidnappers gave him, so it must be powerful stuff. Go kick Jal out of bed and get him over to Brad's room to give the air over his bed and out the window a sniff. There might be a unique scent we can track. We may also need him to make an antidote to wake Brad up quick when we find him.

And thinking back, I don't think the three that took Brad were cultists. They were talking about him being worth a lot of coin to "those religious freaks." It's sounds like they were hired by the cultists to get Brad. Might be locals we can track down.

Unfortunately we don't have a good description of them. They were wearing full white robes with hoods and white cloths over their mouthes. We only know they were a human male and female with light skin and... Brown eyes? And a lizard of unknown gender with yellow eyes.
>>
No. 565661 ID: 549d6c
File 139431290624.png - (19.63KB , 900x450 , 4.png )
565661

>Or, being Swedish as you are...
...Um… I have no idea what you’re actually implying here…

>[check gender of pawns]
[Error! Unknown command! Please check for spelling errors and try again!]

>Yeah, Brad got kidnapped last night.
…well, crap. Someone stole our big muscular killing machine of doom.
>Jeez, all our pawns are tired.
Of course we are. It’s freaking a quarter over the dawn of the universe here.
>Go find out why you're up so early.
Because we’re supposed to train with the Order? They said something about fighting practice.
>Go kick Jal out of bed and get him over to Brad's room to give the air over his bed and out the window a sniff.
Yea… let’s go wake someone up that I know have a mean hangover about three to four hours too early for him... I rather not have him glaring daggers at me for the rest of the week again, thank you very much.

>Get down to the dining hall, tell everyone else in our group there that Brad was taken last night…
:VladUNB: Good morning, Alexandra! Have you thought about what we talked about last night?
:AlexUNB: Um… yes, but now is not the time, Vlad.
:VladUNB: Well, I for one have been thinking and you were right. I should keep trying even if… um… dad didn’t like it. I even got to borrow an old harp from Sten here!
:StenUNB: Just play something nice on it sometime and I’ll let you keep it, lad.
:AlexUNB: Guys, Brad has been kidnapped.
:VladUNB: ..Wait, what?
>then get his room number from the innkeeper and ask if anybody else asked for his room number yesterday.
:StenUNB: Ah, yes, of course. His room number is four and… here you go… a spare key. And no, no one has asked about his number.
:PaladinUNB: Stop right there!
>Alert any Order paladins that Brad has been taken.
:PaladinUNB: If this is true then it’s a crime that’s under the jurisdiction of the Order. Please leave this matter to us. Give me the key.
:VladUNB: But… we’re part of the Order too!
:PaladinUNB: By the look of things, you aren’t even officially sworn into it yet. No, go about your business as usual and we’ll deal with this.
:VladUNB: Um… so… Alexandra… breakfast?

Insert Stop right there, criminal scum! Pay your fine or serve your sentence! …then pay with your blood!!_
>>
No. 565663 ID: d674bc

I meant the whole "If he thinks he's female, he's a she" deal. Common with the Swedes. And you're a liberal, anyway, isn't that a thing with you?
[check sex of pawns]
Or... Hmmmmmm...
[help]
[commands]
[help commands]
Find a command to check the biological sex/gender of the pawns.
>>
No. 565664 ID: d674bc

Well, crap. Just pretend that was all spoilered.
>>
No. 565665 ID: 9ddf68

not sure they'll believe you but last we saw cultist we're doing the kidnapping and they were wearing white robes if that means anything. But yeah since it seems you guys can't really help yet because of pointless bureaucracy
[switch to sister of wisdom or power]

might as well help out someone who they will actually let help.
>>
No. 565666 ID: 2f4b71

There's no reason you can't follow them up as 'backup' or whatever. Once they've done their official stuff, we can have a poke around ourselves.


>I meant the whole "If he thinks he's female, he's a she" deal. Common with the Swedes. And you're a liberal, anyway, isn't that a thing with you?
I think that's more of a 'being a decent human being' thing than specifically a Swedish thing.

>>
No. 565667 ID: 9b57d3

>>565661
Okay, so only official Order members can do police work? That makes sense I suppose. Good thing the Sisters are already members of the order, and we have a connection with them too. Hand the key over and we'll switch over to one of the Sisters so they can be our inside women for the investigation.

>>565663
That's common with everyone.
>>
No. 565668 ID: d674bc

>>565666
Not really against it. Just had to make sure the author wasn't gonna twist it around, since I think Alex might be... You get my point.
>>565667
>common with everyone
hahahahahahaha nope
>>
No. 565671 ID: d0e0a2

Oh, so we need someone who looks like they're in the Order, eh? Alright, give them the key, enjoy your breakfast and we'll jump over to Anna to intercept them. She's probably already in her Order armor. We'll see if we can check the room out through her and keep an eye on these two. I'm a little suspicious how they were right here to jump in as soon as you asked for Brad's room number.

Also, don't tell them anything we told you about last night. That'll just make you a suspect. Ah, and I see you got your makeup back; Almost missed that. When did the Order return your luggage?

And it's wonderful you play the harp, Vlad. It's a beautiful instrument and I wish more people played it. Just keep up practicing no matter what, okay.

...Geez, does that guy in the helmet ever leave the tavern? He's been here every time we've... been... here... Hey, guys! Look at the guy at the bar! He looks just like the Lightbringer's manifestation, minus the light and blade-y wings! Coincidence? I think not! Don't know what to think beyond that, though.

[Switch to "Valkyrie of Courage"]
>>
No. 565672 ID: 549d6c
File 139431910879.png - (14.21KB , 900x450 , 5.png )
565672

Posting answers to all the spoilered replies in the dis thread so we don’t clog up the quest.

>[commands]
[Common commands: Switch, Connect, Message, Status, Scan, Dance…]
>Find a command to check the biological sex/gender of the pawns.
[Error! Unable to find command! Warning! You have shown sympathy with your pawns above the recommended level! Please remember that all pieces in the game aren’t alive or sentient. If you are starting to feel sympathy for the pieces, please contact your local therapist or message the Admin (ErrorERROR) ¤sjkg#lgdsERROR4441Q8!]
[Automatic message from Admin (ErrorERROR) ¤sjkg#lgdsERROR4441Q8!: I’m sorry, but I am currently unavailable. My daughter has gotten this new epidemic sickness and I’ll need to take out a few sick days for her, but don’t worry, I’ll be back soon. In the meantime, the Beta for “Sims of civilization 14: Civ harder!” will be put on hold for the time being, at least for normal players. I will have a simulation going with some AI players to te- heh, sorry, got a bit sidetracked there. Anyway, I’m not here at the moment so please either call me at home or leave a message. (Message written (Error! Number exceeds 999 years!) ago)!]

>it's wonderful you play the harp, Vlad. It's a beautiful instrument. Just keep up practicing no matter what, okay.
:VladUNB: (Will do! I’ve always wanted to be a Bard… but Dad wanted a hunter… so… )
>Ah, and I see you got your makeup back; Almost missed that. When did the Order return your luggage?
:AlexUNB: (They came by with it last night, just as I was going to bed.)
>I'm a little suspicious how they were right here to jump in as soon as you asked for Brad's room number.
:AlexUNB: (There’s always been two of them standing around in here… I think they are hired muscles in case someone gets rowdy in here.)
>Also, don't tell them anything we told you about last night. That'll just make you a suspect.
:AlexUNB: (I’m not stupid, at least… not that stupid.)
>There's no reason you can't follow them up as 'backup' or whatever.
:PaladinUNB: Don’t you have some training to do?
>Alright, give them the key, enjoy your breakfast and we'll jump over to one of the sisters.
:AlexUNB: Right, Bartender, some breakfast please.
:StenUNB: Coming right up, my lady.

>[switch to sister of power]
:AndrzejUNB: -are we clear? So to abridge what I just said, go and see what you can find out about the break in in the toll office.
:DrinaUNB: Shouldn’t you have just have said so from the start? Um… sir?
:AndrzejUNB: …just go arrest whoever the thief is, okay, Drina?
:DrinaUNB: On it, sir!

Insert With all due respect, Sir!_
>>
No. 565676 ID: 9b57d3

>>565672
Great, they already have you two on an assignment. I was hoping we could get you to join in the investigation to find Bradford, who's been kidnapped. Probably unwise to say that out loud since you're not supposed to know and it's not like people around here know about your mysterious guiding voices.

I guess we'll just have to wait until he wakes up? Or we could get this job done really quick then join in the investigation. Let's talk and walk though, make your way over to the crime scene while explaining the details to us, please.
>>
No. 565678 ID: 0ee153

>>565668
Don't start one of these idiotic wankfests here. Use the BDA thread. That's common among most civilized countries and so is opposition, leave it at that.
>>
No. 565679 ID: 4a75fa

Oh. Well. So that confirms it. We are playing civ, and the original creators died from a sudden plague they underestimated.

>I think they are hired muscles
That explains why they jumped right in, then. They're bored.

>hunter versus bard
They both have their uses. There's honor in being a provider, or being a keeper of culture and stories. The soul needs food as much as the body.
>>
No. 565695 ID: d0e0a2

*beep*
Hello, Drina. We were hoping you'd be free to help us, but it looks like you're going to be busy today. If Dooriya is nearby could you head over to her so we can speak to both of you at once. If she's free then maybe she can help us.

Oh, and before you go, could you collect Bradford's eyebrows from the front of the spear rack; They got stuck there yesterday. And point out to Andrzej there's a couple mannequin chunks in front of the sword rack he missed.

How you liking the Lightbringer's sword? Fair sight better than standard issue is it?

Okay, here's what happened: Bradford was kidnapped from his room at the inn last night. Drugged unconscious and taken out the window by three people that were likely hired by cultists. We saw it and would have alerted everyone except we were unexpectedly yanked away and only got back a little while ago.

Alexandra already told the paladins stationed in the tavern Brad was taken, so the rest of the Order should be on the case soon. We just wanted to see if you could add some extra help on that, and to check that whatever tracker is linked with Brad's tracking spell is still pointing at him.

(Using parenthesis for internal messages now since spoiler text gets missed.)
(That auto-reply message confirms what we heard from B4T3: This world is a game. However the "gods" are not who we thought they were. But that still leaves the question of what the daemons are. Are they part of the game or from outside?)

(Also, check the spoiler text in >>565671 about the Lightbringer and the guy that's always in the tavern. I think it got lost among the other spoiler texts about irrelevant things.)

Alright, lets see what sticks...
[Display help for: Scan, Dance][Query: Are "switch" and "connect" linked to the same function?]
[Display version and build number][Display about page and copyright]
[Display current game starting parameters and win conditions][List game saves][List network connection status]
[Request new beta tester info packet (bug tracker address, server rules, etc.)][List bannable and kickable player actions]
[Display current number of active AI and real players][Display starting number of active AI and real players]
[Display this player's history, stats and info][List access levels][Display this player's access level]
[Access bug tracker database; Select for this version and build; Query unresolved issues; Sort highest priority to lowest; Display top 10]
>>
No. 565710 ID: 549d6c
File 139437349622.png - (13.43KB , 900x450 , 6.png )
565710

>[Display help for: Scan, Dance][Query: Are "switch" and "connect" linked to the same function?]
[Scan: Scan pawn status, Daemon corruption and player loyalties in either your own or a nearby pawn. Dance: Bonus for Kickstarter backers, makes the target dance.] [Switch: Switch viewpoint to another piece. Connect: Take direct control over the chosen piece (Error! Unable to take direct control!)]
>[Display version and build number]
[Current Version: V 0.7.2 BETA: Optional sexual encounter patch. (Note: Next patch will tone down the optional sexual encounters because of popular demands.)]
>[Display current game starting parameters and win conditions]
[Current game is endless: There are no winning conditions. The only way to win is not to play.]
>[Display current number of active AI and real players]
[Current number of active AI’s: 346. Current numbers of active players: 1 (Player Teal)!]
>[List game saves][List network connection status][Display about page and copyright][Request new beta tester info packet (bug tracker address, server rules, etc.)][List bannable and kickable player actions][Display this player's history, stats and info][List access levels][Display this player's access level]
[Error!]

>*beep*
AH!! By the light, you guys scared me!
>Hello, Drina. We were hoping you'd be free to help us, but it looks like you're going to be busy today.
Well, it’s called work, you know. Catch me when I’m off duty and I’ll see what I can do.
>If Dooriya is nearby could you head over to her so we can speak to both of you at once.
I… I don’t actually know where she is, but I’m sure she’s busy too.
>I was hoping we could get you to join in the investigation to find Bradford, who's been kidnapped.
…He has? That’s not good… that’s not good at all.
>Alexandra already told the paladins stationed in the tavern Brad was taken, so the rest of the Order should be on the case soon.
Good. Let the professionals deal with this.
>How you liking the Lightbringer's sword? Fair sight better than standard issue is it?
It’s very well balanced, but I haven’t had the chance to really try it out yet.

>Let's talk and walk though, make your way over to the crime scene while explaining the details to us, please.
Um… apparently someone broke into the Toll office yesterday but… we haven’t found what they stole yet. Everything seems to be like it was right before the break in. So my job is to find out why they broke in when they didn’t steal anything. My current theories is that either they didn’t find what they were looking for or that it was just some kids wanting to be rebellious.

:PaladinUNB: Come on… contraband! Aw man… it’s empty… and this was such a good spot to hide it in too! What a waste…
:PaladinUNB: You know, not everyone is a smuggler. Now stop goofing around and get to work.

Insert This quest now has more black bars then a censored Hentai_
>>
No. 565720 ID: 37aa84

It may have enough black bars but it doesn't have near enough tentacles. Ask about how the intruders got in also if nothing was stolen is it possible someone was checking the paperwork to find whether or not someone in particular had passed through the checkpoint and then just left the papers there once they had the info they were looking for?
>>
No. 565721 ID: 9ddf68

by toll office do you mean toll as in collects taxes or toll as in this is a building you have to get in or out of this town? Cause if this is the latter maybe there weren't interested in stealing things, maybe they we're trying to find a way to get themselves and others across freely. If this place has any kind of paperwork maybe check that, see if someone has messed with it or whatnot.
>>
No. 565726 ID: d0e0a2

Get the introductions over with so they'll know you're here to investigate the break in and you'll get their names. Ask if they were the ones to discover the break in, and if not then by whom.

Now, how did anybody know there was a break in if nothing was taken or even moved? I see no windows, so I assume the only way in here is via the door. So was the door lock broken or unlocked when it shouldn't have been? Was anybody seen going into or fleeing from the toll office who shouldn't have been here?

There's also a problem with knowing if anything was taken from here because it's a toll office. The contents of the luggage and cargo passing through here would only be known to those who packed them. The toll officers could only say for sure if office items or whole crates or pieces of luggage were taken. We won't know if something has gone missing from the outgoing luggage or cargo until it gets to the recipient, they see something is missing and come back to complain. All three of those will have to happen for us to know anything was missing.

I have a number of theories in addition to yours, first one being that the burglar broke in here to look at or mess with the toll office paperwork. Ask the officers to show you where their paperwork is. Before touching it ask them if there was any signs somebody looked at or rifled through them, then look at it with them for any irregularities. Stuff like fresh ink where it shouldn't be or entries in handwriting that doesn't match the rest.

Second theory is that the burglar broke in and planted contraband in the luggage or cargo to incriminate somebody. Ask what contraband they found since the break in and if they've worked through their backlog from the delay yet.

Third theory is that some form of contraband was in the luggage or cargo and the burglar intercepted it before the diligent toll officers would find it. Either the contraband was hidden in some unsuspecting person's luggage or cargo, in which case that person never knew it was there and won't report it missing, or the person is in on it and won't report it missing for obvious reasons.

Fourth theory is that the burglar didn't enter here at all. He or she make it look like there was a break in to delay the passage of a particular piece of luggage or cargo. Ask when the break in was and how long was the delay in inspections afterwards.
>>
No. 565731 ID: 549d6c
File 139438583277.png - (13.64KB , 900x450 , 7.png )
565731

>It may have enough black bars but it doesn't have near enough tentacles.
Hopefully that will change in the future~
>By toll office do you mean toll as in collects taxes or toll as in this is a building you have to get in or out of this town?
As in checking all the goods going in and out of town.

>Get the introductions over with so they'll know you're here to investigate the break in and you'll get their names.
:PaladinUNB: Ah, they said they would send someone over. I am Hans and the cute lizard girl over there is Lubov.
:PaladinUNB: Don’t make me break your ribs again, Hans.
>Ask if they were the ones to discover the break in, and if not then by whom.
:PaladinUNB: No, that was the evening patrol. I can’t say were you‘ll find then, though.
>Now, how did anybody know there was a break in if nothing was taken or even moved?
:PaladinUNB: Didn’t you see the main door?
:DrinaUNB: Err… oh right… the lock was broken out there.
:PaladinUNB: Indeed, and apparently someone had dragged a lot of snow with them inside. Going by the snow whoever came in here never left the main hall as both the bigger storage and the archives, which is to say this room, didn’t have any snow in them at all.
:DrinaUNB: Hmm… I saw a lot of boxes behind bars in there. What’s in them?
:PaladinUNB: The things on the left is smaller things we haven’t searched yet while those on the right are set to be delivered later today.
>There's also a problem with knowing if anything was taken from here because it's a toll office.
:PaladinUNB: True, but all the luggage and boxes are where they should be. We’ve checked more than once.
:DrinaUNB: What if they open one up?
:PaladinUNB: As you saw the smaller storage is behind bars which are locked tight while the door to the larger storage was still locked after the break in.
>Ask the officers to show you where their paperwork is.
:PaladinUNB: Our archive and current copies of all paperwork is right next to you, in those locked armoires. …and no, they have been locked the whole night and we haven’t detected any kind of disturbance in It.
:DrinaUNB: You said copies?
:PaladinUNB: Oh yes, the current forms we fill out are out in the storage for easy access… and yes we have compared them with the copies we have and no we didn’t find anything out of the ordinary.
>Ask what contraband they found since the break in and if they've worked through their backlog from the delay yet.
:PaladinUNB: Actually… none. And we didn’t get any delay in our work as it happened after our working hours. The only thing that was delayed was the delivery of stuff that’s already been searched.
>Ask when the break in was.
:PaladinUNB: Right after we went home for the day.
:PaladinUNB: I mean… they’ve open up this secret compartment more than once… why not store anything in it?

Insert Objection! That was objectionable!_
>>
No. 565733 ID: 4a75fa

...what's on the paperwork or records that were available? It's possible the break-in was after information, not material. And you don't need to take the paper once you've read it.
>>
No. 565734 ID: 2f4b71

Hang on, there could easily have been contraband hidden in the yet-to-be-searched items that was stolen, and it would not have been logged so wouldn't be noted in any of the manifests.
>>
No. 565736 ID: 9ddf68

so from what it looks like (based solely off of the snow) the broke in to the building, only want as far as the main hall and then left? I want to say they entered to maybe plant something in one of the outgoing boxes to have something delivered that wouldn't normal get through but I don't see why they would as they would attract attention to it when there would be easier or quieter ways to do the same thing, unless they're trying to frame someone.

If these two got this room under control could we maybe check out the main hall?
>>
No. 565739 ID: d0e0a2

Wow, that shot down all my theories. I was expecting some crack to follow. Commend them for being so on the ball here.

Was there anything in the main hall at all during the break in? Any paperwork? Or was it all locked up? Does he know what path the burglar took in the main hall? Did they pass near anything like the doors to the storage and cage?

I only have two theories left: 1) They broke in to case the joint for a future, much more professional, break in. 2) They broke in to hide something in the toll office itself, where nobody would think to look for it. That latter one is so out there... I dunno. Other than that, I'm stumped.

Hey, ask Lubov who owns that chest she's so focused on and take a peek in the secret compartment yourself. How can she tell it's been opened more than once? Can she tell if it was opened recently? Maybe they took whatever was in the compartment out before reaching the town and hid it to retrieve later 'cause they knew it would be found otherwise.

We better check to see if Brad's woken up yet. [Check status of "The Savage"]
>>
No. 565740 ID: eb10ea

If someone was stealing information or contraband, there is no way to tell if anything is missing. Unless you can find small traces of evidence on secret compartments or papers, our search needs to be expanded outside the building.

Also, I just realized that 'light bringer' is English for Lucifer. So try not to make any deals with Steve, okay?
>>
No. 565750 ID: 549d6c
File 139439646095.png - (16.21KB , 900x450 , 8.png )
565750

>I just realized that 'light bringer' is English for Lucifer.
…who’s Lucifer? …and speaking of the light… I had this really weird dream about him last night… I can’t remember exactly what it was about but… I remember being freaked out about it…

>...what's on the paperwork or records that were available?
:PaladinUNB: The item number, when it arrived / will depart, if it’s clean and if it isn’t anything special in it, a brief summary of its content.
>Commend them for being on the ball here.
:PaladinUNB: Only doing our jobs, ma’am.
:PaladinUNB: Ha! I’m doing all the work, you lazy slob.
>Hey, ask Lubov who owns that chest she's so focused on. How can she tell it's been opened more than once?
:PaladinUNB: It belongs to a Mr. Case… first name Justin. It contains mostly old clothes and seems to have been barely opened… but the secret compartment in the back on the other hand… Look, it got markings around the edges which show that it’s been removed and put back several times… at least, more times than the main container has been opened.

>If these two got this room under control could we maybe check out the main hall?
:PaladinUNB: I’ll come with you, ma’am...



:PaladinUNB: As you can see, all the items are securely locked behind bars. The pile here is the things we haven’t searched yet while those over there to the right is everything that’s clean and will be moved later today.

Insert May I call him Lucy?_
>>
No. 565751 ID: 4a75fa

>who’s Lucifer?
A fallen angel from an old, forgotten religion.

>The pile here is the things we haven’t searched yet
...if the presumed thief removed something from one of the containers you haven't searched yet, how would you know if it was missing?
>>
No. 565758 ID: cae5f0

Justin Case? Just in case? Either "Mr.Case" or his Parents had it with cheesy namejokes.
>>
No. 565760 ID: 4a75fa

>>565758
...or it's an alias. Which might explain the secret compartment, or why the package should be of interest.
>>
No. 565762 ID: d0e0a2

You were freaked out by the dream? That's strange. We checked everyone's status last night when Brad was taken and both you and your sister's was "Sleeping, Blessed dreams." That doesn't sound like something that'd freak you out. Either you or us should ask Dooriya about his next chance we get.

"Justin Case?" "Just in case." Gods, such an obvious fake name almost makes me think he's a decoy of some sort. The Order still should bring him in for questioning about the luggage with the secret compartment.

Hmm... How widely spaced are the bars? Because to me it looks like they're wide enough that somebody with a pole with a gripper on the end could slip it through the bars on the incoming cage, pick up one of those narrow parcels, then slip it through the bars on the outgoing cage. That could bypass the inspection, but only if they had a way to falsify the paperwork.

...Wait a sec. Why is one of the bound parcels in the outgoing cage on the floor? And one end of it looks like it might have been opened. And is that... Water? There might be water on the floor next to it. And there's two other specks on the floor next to it too. Better ask to be let in there to inspect it right away.

(I think Lightbringer might be making moves on the sisters in their dreams. He does like to take mortal wives, and we've seen evidence that daemons can slip into dreams when Bob showed up in Jer's mushroom spore induced hallucinatory dream in the ruins.)
>>
No. 565763 ID: 549d6c
File 139440263680.png - (9.14KB , 300x150 , 9.png )
565763

>You were freaked out by the dream? That's strange.
Well, not freaked out, I just felt… uneasy…
>We checked everyone's status last night when Brad was taken and both you and your sister's was "Sleeping, Blessed dreams."
…It didn’t really feel that blessed to me but… wait, sister had one of those dreams too? Hmm… but she was so… upbeat this morning… she was humming and everything… I haven’t seen her so happy in ages.
>A fallen angel from an old, forgotten religion.
I don’t really see how that has anything to do with the light…

>...if the presumed thief removed something from one of the containers you haven't searched yet, how would you know if it was missing?
:PaladinUNB: We have the weight of the packages. If something disappears then we’ll know.
>"Justin Case?" "Just in case." Gods, such an obvious fake name almost makes me think he's a decoy of some sort. The Order still should bring him in for questioning about the luggage with the secret compartment.
:PaladinUNB: Just in case? Why didn’t we catch that!? Right, let’s send someone too… let’s see… 29th of Thun’s street.
:PaladinUNB: Um… there’s only 28 houses on Thun’s street, Hans.
:PaladinUNB: …Son of Freya herself! Someone snuck in with a false ID!

>Hmm... How widely spaced are the bars? Because to me it looks like they're wide enough that somebody with a pole with a gripper on the end could slip it through the bars on the incoming cage, pick up one of those narrow parcels, then slip it through the bars on the outgoing cage.
:PaladinUNB: Of course it would be possible, but we would notice a package missing from the incoming cage, wouldn’t we?
>...Wait a sec. Why is one of the bound parcels in the outgoing cage on the floor? And one end of it looks like it might have been opened. And is that... Water?
:DrinaUNB: It still got some snow on it… melting away…
:PaladinUNB: Look! It’s filled with Moon Leafs! Those are some highly illegal drugs! Not only that but the delivery address is to a well know run down vacant house down in the poorer districts. Good job! You solved the case!
:DrinaUNB: No I didn’t.
:PaladinUNB: …what do you mean?
:DrinaUNB: Why would they break in and leave some drugs in here if they’ve already entered the city with it? That would be pointless!
:PaladinUNB: I… I guess that’s true… but… why did they leave some contra band they’ve already successfully smuggled inside?
:PaladinUNB: Guys! I found something! The chest is weighting 10 kilo grams less today compared to yesterday!
:PaladinUNB: ...so… they broke in, took something from a secret compartment in that chest and then left some illegal drugs? That doesn’t make any sense!

Insert If only she had a Magatama_
>>
No. 565764 ID: 2f4b71

>>565763
>Moon Leafs
Option 1) What they were smuggling in was bad enough that finding drugs would be better than finding what they were really hiding
Option 2) Whatever Moon Leafs' other uses are were needed for whatever was contained in the package.
>>
No. 565766 ID: 4a75fa

Tiny image is tiny.

>We have the weight of the packages. If something disappears then we’ll know.
...unless they leave something of the same weight in place.

>so… they broke in, took something from a secret compartment in that chest and then left some illegal drugs?
Maybe the drugs are meant to be a decoy, to distract us from what was taken?

...I don't suppose we can check the drug package for forensics? (Do lizards and mantises even have fingerprints?).
>>
No. 565767 ID: 37aa84

>>565763
It could be a set up. Perhaps the original contents weren't contraband and the thief just felt like getting their victim in trouble with the authorities, a more thorough investigation will probably be needed.
>>
No. 565773 ID: d0e0a2

Drina, if you agree to it we could try to enter your dreams next time you sleep. Maybe we'll be able to see exactly what is causing you unease.

Hmm... Perhaps the person who broke in brought an empty package addressed to that vacant house. They popped the chest secret compartment open, took the moon leaves from there, put them in the package, and slipped the package into the outgoing cage.

But there's also the possibility the moon leaves are meant as a decoy to lead us into thinking they came from the chest to cover for something much worse. The fact that the snow wasn't wiped off the package, and that it looks like it was tossed into the outgoing cage, make think it's that. Someone drug running would be a hell of a lot more careful, lest their package not arrive and a hit get taken out on them.

Weigh the moon leaves. Are they ten kilograms? Are they wrapped in another package inside the addressed package? Was Mr. Case's chest near the bars of the incoming cage with the secret compartment facing them? And is there a physical description of Mr. Case written down anywhere in the paperwork?

What kind of effect do moon leaves have? I assume not good, but can they be processed into or used as an ingredient in something that's beneficial? Perhaps the Jal could use them to make something actually good.

Maybe suggest to the officers that they put in a request for a night shift to be added to the toll office so something like this is much less likely to happen again.
>>
No. 565774 ID: a87e3a

>>565763
Oh hell. Steve has "mortal wives". It probably tried to seduce you/did things to you in your dream. Your sister liked it, you didn't. I say you should confront Steve about it later, with us present so he can't weasel out of it.

I say we need to find the owner of the package that got stuffed with drugs, and ask them what was supposed to be in that compartment.
>>
No. 565780 ID: eb10ea

>I don’t really see how that has anything to do with the light…
First off, Lucifer was not any fallen angel, he was THE fallen angel. Takes people's souls, leads people to damnation, ruler of hell, crap like that. Impressive resume', but it does not bode well with additional information we got on the light. Like the fact that he may be some kind of dictator, he lied about how demons feed on emotion, and the whole mortal wives thing.

Honestly We don't care what he's doing in some alternate dimension as long as he keeps demons from invading; but if he's molesting our pawns, it's going to put a serious strain our professional relationship.
>>
No. 565785 ID: a87e3a

>>565780
That's a different universe entirely. This universe has no myths based on Christianity. Also, don't forget Uther the Lightbringer... and that Lucifer means "Light bringer" because the devil used to be an angel.

The name means very little.
>>
No. 565795 ID: d0e0a2

>>565774
...I wanted confirm what Steve was up to in Drina or Dooriya's dreams before saying anything, but since you're blowing the lid off...

We found out that Lightbringer took mortal wives back during the ancient daemon war and presumably still does. We didn't think much of it until now.

I really don't like that you have no memory of what happened in the dream and can only remember the emotion from it. That makes me think Lightbringer blocked the memories to hide something. And I'd guess Dooriya enjoyed the dream more than you because she's more devout and Lightbringer loves devotion.

And this does cast an... unsettling light on Lightbringer calling you and Dooriya "beloved" and such back in the chapel.

(I have a guess at why Steve was a bit embarrassed about the offering for his summoning ritual: The offering is mortal women; Possibly sisters or twins. This makes the sisters the offering for Steve's summon back in the chapel. And the Archbishop wanted them to come there and pray, so he was likely in on it.)

>>565780
That was Bob, not Steve, who lied to us and who might be a dictator.
>>
No. 565866 ID: 549d6c
File 139446961255.png - (15.09KB , 900x450 , 10.png )
565866

>Drina, if you agree to it we could try to enter your dreams next time you sleep.
I…I don’t know… someone entering my dreams makes me feel a bit… uneasy…
>Steve has "mortal wives". It probably tried to seduce you/did things to you in your dream. Your sister liked it, you didn't.
…w-what? B-but… I… I…
>I say you should confront Steve about it later, with us present so he can't weasel out of it.
Yes! We have to confront him… and my sister! We can’t let something like this slide!

>...I don't suppose we can check the drug package for forensics?
I’m going to send it to our forensic team… but it will take a few days for the results to be ready. Especially when it’s from a low priority case like this.
>Perhaps the person who broke in brought an empty package addressed to that vacant house. They popped the chest secret compartment open, took the moon leaves from there, put them in the package, and slipped the package into the outgoing cage.
…why? Why not just take it with you in the first place? Why leave it here?

>Whatever Moon Leafs' other uses are were needed for whatever was contained in the package.
:PaladinUNB: The only known use of moon leafs is it’s hallucinating effects. It’s drugs, nothing more.
>What kind of effect do moon leaves have?
:PaladinUNB: As I said, it’s highly hallucinate, addictive and it will rot your brain. It’s illegal for a reason.
>Weigh the moon leaves. Are they ten kilograms?
:PaladinUNB: about 8,5 kilos. 1,5 to little… and that’s including the package.
:DrinaUNB: Wait, how did you know what was in the package?
:PaladinUNB: It was already open when we found it, see?

>...unless they leave something of the same weight in place.
:PaladinUNB: Hmm… true, but that we weight all our packages isn’t really common knowledge.
>Was Mr. Case's chest near the bars of the incoming cage with the secret compartment facing them?
I can barely reach anything trough the bars. There’s no way someone opened up that secret compartment from outside the bars.
>is there a physical description of Mr. Case written down anywhere in the paperwork?
:PaladinUNB: Let’s see… Human male, blond, blue eyes, big nose… nothing really stands out…
:DrinaUNB: Hmm… So, Mr. Case comes to the city with a chest that had something hidden inside it. Someone breaks in and takes whatever is in there and then leaves a package of opened drugs? …hmm… so… either someone is framing someone or… the drugs weren’t what the thief was after? Maybe there was something else in there… something weighting 1,5 Kg?
:PaladinUNB: Beats me, Ma’am.
:DrinaUNB: …and the only things I have to go on is an address that doesn’t exist, a false name and an address to an empty house.

Insert Elementary my dear Drina_
>>
No. 565867 ID: 4a75fa

>Yes! We have to confront him… and my sister! We can’t let something like this slide!
...yes, but keep a little doubt in mind, please. We did get the main thrust of that intelligence from someone who considered Steve an enemy. It might not be wholly true, even if it looks pretty convincing now.

>the only things I have to go on is an address that doesn’t exist, a false name and an address to an empty house.
Hey, it's a shot in the dark, but I wonder if we can locate him this way.

[Switch to "Justin Case"]
>>
No. 565873 ID: a87e3a

>>565866
Opened drugs? Hmm. Well, keep in mind it was weighing 10kg less than it was yesterday, and we have no indication of what else was in there. So either they took out 10kg of moon leaves, or there was something heavy in there, or they took out some moon leaves AND something else, or they took out something weighing 18.5kg and left the moon leaves behind for no reason at all. That last possibility seems unlikely.

Why don't we go and round up some people that fit that description?
>>
No. 565874 ID: a87e3a

>>565867
Yeah, also, keep in mind it's possible Steve hasn't done anything unwholesome. Maybe he just went out on a dream date with your sister and she enjoyed it, but you thought Steve was freaky so nothing happened aside from a chat or something. You could just ask your sister what sort of dream she had last night, and if it's something worrisome you can take the time to confront Steve. Otherwise I'm thinking we can just stay with you tonight and find out for ourselves.
>>
No. 565875 ID: d0e0a2

Let's hold on confronting Light until we have a bit more evidence. At the least we'll talk with Dooriya first. And I'd like to eavesdrop on one of those "blessed" dreams as well to confirm what Light is up to in them.

Attempting to frame someone for drug trafficking doesn't make sense because the address on the moon leaves is to a vacant house. Plus the package looks like it was just discarded behind the crates after being opened and the 1.5 kilo item removed. But why discard it here? The person could have ditched the moon leaves anywhere in the city and not left a sign they even had it. So... Maybe the person doesn't care if they'll be caught up to in a few days? They'll have done what they needed to do and be gone by then. Hmm...

There's also the question of how whoever broke in gained access to Mr. Case's chest while it was in the locked cage to open the hidden compartment. Without that step the whole theory grinds to a halt. So... Telekinesis? Magic tentacles? A tiny golem placed through the bars to open it? Oh! There is one way we know of for sure that could have taken it without opening the compartment: Shadow magic.

Our thief in the Serath wielded that kind of magic and could pluck a dagger from a scabbard at five paces using it, so removing the cover from the compartment, emptying it, and closing it would be no challenge. The trouble with this is we only know of one source of shadow magic: Gray. Our thief originally was with her. She's also likely on the Order's side, so it makes no sense for one of her pieces to do this kind of thing. But the possibility is out there.

Mr. Case being a human male does rule out about five-sixths of the population, and he's a traveler so he likely stayed in an inn. Run his description around to the innkeepers and ask if he checked in last night. And does the Order have records for people leaving the city as well? Those could be checked for Mr. Case's description.

While I very much doubt Mr. Case was the one who broke in, but there's a small chance he made contact with whoever did to tell them the chest had arrived. I say "small" because if this was setup well then Mr. Case would never have made contact with the person who broke in or know who they are.

Did the evening patrol note down what kind of footprints the person who broke in left? That would rule a mantis in or out right away.

Hey, isn't the Serath sultan due to arrive today, if she hasn't already? I'd like to see what she looks like at some point, as well as get a look at the Serath airship... Wait... It's probably just my paranoia acting up, but could this be related to the sultan being here? The 1.5 item is for an assassin, perhaps? Probably not, but when odd things like this happen when a foreign head of state is visiting I get paranoid.

>>565867
Artemis also said Lightbringer had a mortal wife, so the only source on that isn't just one of Lightbringer's enemies.
>>
No. 565877 ID: d0e0a2

>>565875
Forgot this: How strong or distinctive a scent do moon leaves have? I highly doubt we could track who broke in here by scent since it's been so long, but we could check suspects for scent? We got any tracking dogs (or whatever animal is used in this world for that kind of thing) we could use for that?
>>
No. 565882 ID: 549d6c
File 139448329736.png - (20.29KB , 900x450 , 11.png )
565882

>[Switch to "Justin Case"]
[You don’t own the pawn “The Dealer”!]

>Let's hold on confronting Light until we have a bit more evidence. At the least we'll talk with Dooriya first.
…yes, let’s not do something hasty… especially if we’re dealing with some kind of god like thingy.
>And I'd like to eavesdrop on one of those "blessed" dreams as well to confirm what Light is up to in them.
…fine… next time I’m dreaming feel free to disturb me. Rather the devil I know and all that.
>also, keep in mind it's possible Steve hasn't done anything unwholesome.
…it’s not the unwholesome things I’m concern about.

>Hey, isn't the Serath sultan due to arrive today, if she hasn't already?
I… I believe so. I don’t know when but… I do know everyone is busy preparing for her. That’s why I got this job in the first place.
>Why don't we go and round up some people that fit that description?
There’s a lot of blond humans around these parts, rounding them up would lead us nowhere.
>Attempting to frame someone for drug trafficking doesn't make sense because the address on the moon leaves is to a vacant house.
...Hmm… but is it really vacant? I know the register says it’s empty but… I just got this feeling…
>There's also the question of how whoever broke in gained access to Mr. Case's chest while it was in the locked cage to open the hidden compartment.
…um… while you’re theories are… interesting, might I suggest that maybe you should theorize something a bit more… simpler? I mean, the simplest answer is usually the right one.
>Does the Order have records for people leaving the city as well? Those could be checked for Mr. Case's description.
Of course they do… but I have to go back to the cathedral to get access to those records.

>Mr. Case being a human male does rule out about five-sixths of the population, and he's a traveler so he likely stayed in an inn. Run his description around to the innkeepers and ask if he checked in last night.
:StenUNB: Justin? Blond hair, big nose? Why, he’s a regular here. He lives down at the 29th of Thun’s street.
:DrinaUNB: …there’s only 28 houses on that street.
:StenUNB: But there’s 29 mailboxes there. I don’t know exactly where he lives but I do know he gets his mail from there. I’ve had to send him some of his unpaid tabs a few times… his economy seems a bit… wobbly at best.
:JalUNB: Why, this morning is just getting better and better. Greetings, fair maiden… Drina, was it? Might I buy you a drink so you can quell that thirst of yours?
:DrinaUNB: I’m on duty.
:JalUNB: In that case, how about a non-alcoholic one? My treat, angel.
:DrinaUNB: …let me stop you right there. I don’t play on that team if you know what I mean.
:JalUNB: Oh, really? Then it’s settled, I won’t try to bed you… but still, a drink for friendship? We do, after all, share a bit of a… shall we say, voice?

Insert Gasp! He’s buying her a drink! RAPE!!_
>>
No. 565883 ID: a87e3a

>>565882
Well, alright. Ask him about Moon Leaves. Does he have any way of identifying addicts? Oh, by the way "Justin Case" is also known as "The Dealer", so we're dealing with a drug dealer, I'm thinking. So yeah, the locked cage? He picked the lock then locked it behind him after he left. Duh. We can visit the "vacant" house next, and the mailbox. Let's read his mail. Alternatively, we could loiter near his mailbox and apprehend him when he comes to get his mail today... unless he's already picked it up.

Is your sister a lesbian too?
>>
No. 565893 ID: d0e0a2

It's alright, Drina; He's with us. Order whatever you please. Jal, you get the news that Brad was kidnapped last night? The Order's on the case so hopefully he'll be found soon.

Drina, could you fill Jal in on the case you're working. He works for the Order so it ought to be alright. Maybe he'll have some ideas on it. Oh, and Jal, do you know of any use for Moon Leaves other than as an addictive strong hallucinogenic that'll rot your brain?

You going to be busy today, Jal? We could use your help on this if you aren't. You're much less conspicuous than Drina, so you can do a walk by of the mailbox or the vacant house with much less chance of raising suspicion. I also have a hunch you might know how to approach a drug dealer without spooking him.

And "Justin Case" is the guy's real name? Dang. I'm feeling a bit of pity for him now. And he lives in this city and put his real address down? Cripes, he's terrible at smuggling too.

Jal, don't tell Alexandra this, but we inadvertently dropped in on her as she was getting out of the bath this morning. We saw what looked like scars on her back and arms. And from last night we already know she's utterly convinced she's hideous, so what the hell happened to her? And how do we handle this? We want to help but don't want to accidentally knock her into the abyss.

Would one of you ask Sten who that guy at the bar in the full helmet is, 'cause he's been in here every time we have. Doesn't he ever leave? ...Wait a sec... Drina, take a good look at that guy in the helmet for us. He look familiar at all? 'Cause to me he looks like Steve did, minus the light and wings. Lemme try scanning him: [Scan man behind "The Alchemist"]

>>565883
Except it doesn't fit 'cause there was no snow tracked over to the cage entrance or into the cage. And if he could pick locks, then why smash the lock on the entrance to get in?
>>
No. 565894 ID: a87e3a

You know what? Let's start scanning every blonde guy we come across.
[Scan that blonde guy over there]
>>
No. 565899 ID: 549d6c
File 139449619405.png - (20.60KB , 900x450 , 12.png )
565899

>[Scan that blonde guy over there]
[That blond guy over there is just part of the background and should be ignored.]
>[Scan man behind "The Alchemist"]
[Eric the Stout, unimportant.]
>Drina, take a good look at that guy in the helmet for us. He look familiar at all? 'Cause to me he looks like Steve did, minus the light and wings.
:DrinaUNB: (…um… I can’t recognize him at all… and… for some reason I’m picturing the light as an mantis guy with golden eyes…)
>Would one of you ask Sten who that guy at the bar in the full helmet is, 'cause he's been in here every time we have. Doesn't he ever leave?
:StenUNB: That’s Eric the Stout, an old regular. Doesn’t speak much but he pays on time.
>Is your sister a lesbian too?
:DrinaUNB: (Because sexuality goes in the family, doesn’t it? Of course she isn’t.)

>Jal, don't tell Alexandra this, but we inadvertently dropped in on her as she was getting out of the bath this morning.
:JalUNB: (A bit of a peeping tom, eh?)
>We saw what looked like scars on her back and arms. And from last night we already know she's utterly convinced she's hideous, so what the hell happened to her?
:JalUNB: (Oh… um… I… I shouldn’t really tell you… I think it’s for the best if she spoke about it when she is ready to. Err… let’s just say that her family is a bit… strict…)
>And how do we handle this? We want to help but don't want to accidentally knock her into the abyss.
:JalUNB: (Don’t ask me. If I knew how to help her I would have done so ages ago.)

>It's alright, Drina; He's with us. Order whatever you please.
:DrinaUNB: Water, please.
:StenUNB: Water is free of charge, here you go.
>You going to be busy today, Jal? We could use your help on this if you aren't.
:JalUNB: Well, I do have some… test I have to do but they are so simple that I can take some time off.
>Ask him about Moon Leaves.
:JalUNB: A potent Hallucinogen drug. Makes for wicked parties but fries the brain after extended use. Had some friends who did that stuff back in school… most of them dropped out… never tried it myself.
>Does he have any way of identifying addicts?
:JalUNB: Depends on what they are addicted to. The usual symptoms are white skin, baggy eyes and jittering. If you mean Moon leaves then look for black teeth, smoking that stuff does a number on them.
>I also have a hunch you might know how to approach a drug dealer without spooking him.
:JalUNB:
:DrinaUNB:
:JalUNB: …I have no idea what he’s talking about… honest…
:DrinaUNB: If you say so.
:JalUNB: I’m an alcoholic, not an drug user!
:DrinaUNB: Takes one to know one…
>We can visit the "vacant" house next, and the mailbox.
:DrinaUNB: Hmm… I don’t think that’s my job but… it can’t hurt to work some “overtime”… but I shouldn’t go alone… Maybe I can pick up one of the recruits under my care? Let’s see… Anna… Vladimir… that priest guy and the farmer or… um… Alex?
:JalUNB: Alexandra. Can’t you just ask all of them.
:DrinaUNB: Alexandra… and no, they need their training. I can’t pull all of them from that all the time… one has to be enough.

Insert Choose your starter (Tips: The flame lizard becomes a wicked cool dragon later!)_
>>
No. 565901 ID: ae43f7

Hrrrm...Hard to call that. But I'm for Jai here coming along.
This is, to some degree, his field of knowledge, and the lazy bum doesn't look like he'd be doing anything either.
And hey, Jai, if you get bored, you can try pumping her for secret tips on wooing her sister XD!
>>
No. 565902 ID: a87e3a

>>565899
I hadn't assumed your sister was a lesbian, I was asking because you would know, and the subject came up. Anyway, I thought catching this guy was our job?

How about you bring Vlad. It's not like he needs more archery practice, and having a capable tracker on hand would help.
[check status of Bradford]
>>
No. 565903 ID: dbe554

Oh no we weren't thinking you were a drug user, we thought they might have been useful in your various alchemical workings.
>>
No. 565922 ID: d0e0a2

Ah, so Lightbringer can make his manifestation appear different to different people. He showed himself to you as a mantis guy for reasons you can probably guess, but I wonder why he even bothered with "dressing" for us, especially as just some dude from the tavern.

Er... Sorry, Jal. It wasn't that I thought you were a drug user. I just suddenly got this dumb baseless idea that you occasionally purchased illicit drugs for use in alchemy experiments because there wasn't a legit way to get them otherwise.

Jal, are there any things about Alexandra that we should be extra careful about or specifically avoid? Other than her appearance, that is. And I have to ask: What's the odds somebody from her family is going to show up looking for her? 'Cause I have this feeling they're abusive control freaks who aren't going to let her go on her merry way.

Oh, and if you're looking for a roll in the hay, Jal, I think Doctor Vadoma would be up for it. You may come out of it with a bit less blood than you went in with, though.

Now, who to take...? Anna needs all the training she can get, so not her. Alexandra could probably use more training as well. I think Vlad's the one who can afford to miss training the most, so lets take him. Perhaps on the way there Jal can warn him what to be careful about with Alexandra, and maybe we can take a detour on the way back so he can pick up those flowers and white chocolates for her.

There's also a couple things I forgot to check earlier: [Display on-lose settings for real players] (To see if we respawn) [Display player lose conditions] (To check there's no ones other than losing our king or self-destructing.)
>>
No. 565930 ID: 999da3

SUMMON THE PIZZA ELEMENTALS.
>>
No. 565966 ID: d0e0a2

>>565930
NO, YOU FOOL! THEY'LL SMOTHER THE WORLD TO DEATH WITH DELICIOUS CHEESE!

Silliness aside, that does remind me of a question I keep forgetting to ask: Do mantises still get high from eating cheese? They did ages and ages ago, but that could have changed by now.
>>
No. 565970 ID: 549d6c
File 139455956805.png - (16.03KB , 900x450 , 13.png )
565970

>SUMMON THE PIZZA ELEMENTALS.
*And so it began, the summoning of the end bringers… it’s too late now to stop it… there is no hope left for this world. With just a few incantations you’ve become Death… destroyer of worlds… with just a few words you’ve sown despair… vanquished all hope… doomed all that you hold dear. Watching, as they live their lives, ignorant of the fate that awaits them, you can only envy them… envy the bliss of not knowing the terror that is coming… not knowing that it was all pointless in the end. As you feel them getting closer, a single tear descend along your cheek as memories of the old days haunts your mind… and then came the knock… and a voice said “That will be 10,99$ for the pizza, sir”*

>[check status of Bradford]
[“The Savage” is unconscious!]
>[Display on-lose settings for real players][Display player lose conditions]
[Losing condition: Death of current King piece. On-lose: Booted back the main menu.]

>Hard to call that. But I'm for Jai here coming along.
:JalUNB: JAL! It’s Jal, dammit! J-A-L!
:DrinaUNB: Either way, even if you come I need someone who can actually fight to back me up… and you don’t really look like the fighting type.
:JalUNB: I’m a lover, not a fighter…
>We weren't thinking you were a drug user, we thought they might have been useful in your various alchemical workings.
:JalUNB: (Yea, I don’t deal in illegal stuff, alright?)
>Do mantises still get high from eating cheese?
:JalUNB: (We get drunk… well, kind of drunk. It’s like drunk but not drunk drunk.)
>hey, Jal, if you get bored, you can try pumping her for secret tips on wooing her sister.
:DrinaUNB: …you’re just going to bang her and leave, right?
:JalUNB: Well, I’m just here for the intercourse if that’s what you’re asking… doesn’t have to be just one time…
:DrinaUNB: Yeah… how about no, I won’t tell you shit about my sister.
>if you're looking for a roll in the hay, Jal, I think Doctor Vadoma would be up for it. You may come out of it with a bit less blood than you went in with, though.
:JalUNB: (Um… I’m not that desperate… I rather keep the blood inside me, thank you very much.)
>Jal, are there any things about Alexandra that we should be extra careful about or specifically avoid?
:JalUNB: (Just treat her as a proper lady and you’ll be fine… or at least as a lady.)
>I have to ask: What's the odds somebody from her family is going to show up looking for her?
:JalUNB: (Hopefully None… they weren’t really happy the last time I saw them…)

>I thought catching this guy was our job?
:DrinaUNB: My job was to investigate and get clues and stuff… not actually arrest anyone. But why leave out the fun part, right?
>How about you bring Vlad.
:DrinaUNB: Right, the hunter it is.



:PaladinUNB: Nonono… like this! Geez, have you even held a sword before?
:AnnaUNB: Sorry…

:VladUNB: *Harp music*
:AlexUNB: In places deep, where dark things sleep~ In hollow halls beneath the fells~
:PaladinUNB: Alright, you two, break time’s over. Alex-
:AlexUNB: Alexandra.
:PaladinUNB: Alexandra, go over there and heal the farm boy. Vlad, go to Blondie and learn some melee combat.
:VladUNB: B-but… I’m supposed to be a ranger!
:PaladinUNB: And what if someone comes into melee range of you? Besides, you’ve already proven to be an excellent archer… what with you hitting bulls eye on the doll… three times in a row…
:VladUNB: …fine, but I’m going to wield an axe.
:PaladinUNB: Choose your weapon carefully, maggot.

[You now have control over ”The Hunter”, ”The priest” and ”The Valkyrie”…]

Insert In the end… there’s only Pizza…_
>>
No. 565972 ID: 4a75fa

>…fine, but I’m going to wield an axe.
If that's what you want. If you're already lugging a harp and a bow, I'd think you'd want a smaller weapon for your melee holdout.

>Geez, have you even held a sword before?
Hey, everyone starts somewhere.
>>
No. 565973 ID: d90d89

if the end has pizza then I look forward to the end. Also [check how long we've been playing]

I say we go with Anna because she has a mean looking gash on her.
>>
No. 565975 ID: a87e3a

Vlad, you need something that's quick to draw and easy to parry with. I'd think your first priority when getting in melee combat is to delay the opponent until one of your allies can take them out. Don't choose an axe just because Brad uses one.
>>
No. 565977 ID: ae43f7

[Vlad]
I concur with these other voices. What works for Brad may not work for you. Unless you're more familiar with Axes than Swords, it's probably a better idea to go with the Sword.
[Anna]
Hunh, you look like you're having some trouble there. Anything in particular we can help you with?
>>
No. 565982 ID: d0e0a2

Dang, Vlad. You really sold your archery skills short to us. If you handled harp strings as well as you do bow strings you'd be the best bard in the Northlands.

As for a weapon: You're a ranger, not a fighter. Mobility is your strength, so if an enemy gets into melee range of you what you want is to parry or dodge their hits so you can get away. So the weapon you get should be quick to draw, built for parrying, and light so you aren't weighed down. Either a short sword with a wide hilt or an axe built to catch sword strikes, paired with a wide hilt dagger in a scabbard across your chest for your off hand. Draw the dagger for opportunity strikes or combined with the sword/axe to parry heavier hits.

You have a lovely singing voice, Alexandra. May I ask what that song was, and what it was about?

And don't let this setback get you down, Anna. Only the rare few ever learn a skill effortlessly. Everybody else has to work hard for it. Just stubbornly keep at it until you get it and you'll do your father's memory proud.

Now, Drina will be over here soon to get you Vlad. You're going to be backing her up if and when she makes an arrest for the toll office break in.
>>
No. 565988 ID: 549d6c
File 139457068830.png - (16.29KB , 900x450 , 14.png )
565988

>[check how long we've been playing]
[4 months, 18 days, 2h, 32 minutes, 3 seconds.]

>I say we go with Anna because she has a mean looking gash on her.
:AnnaUNB: (It’s just a flesh wound.)
:AlexUNB: (She got it when she fell on the farm boy. Those armors can have some sharp edges.)
>Hey, everyone starts somewhere.
:AlexUNB: (Well, most people actually try to take time and learn. She’s seems to believe that flailing wildly will make an expert swordsman… probably read too many books, if you ask me.)
>Hunh, you look like you're having some trouble there. Anything in particular we can help you with?
:AnnaUNB: (Unless you can teach me how to sword fight, then no.)
>don't let this setback get you down, Anna. Only the rare few ever learn a skill effortlessly. Everybody else has to work hard for it.
:AnnaUNB: (Don’t worry! I’ll be the best swordsman… err… woman that this country has ever seen soon enough! HAVE AT YOU!)
:PaladinUNB: Dammit, I told you to stop flailing wildly!

>You have a lovely singing voice, Alexandra. May I ask what that song was, and what it was about?
:AlexUNB: (Err… can’t remember the name… but It’s about a dragon or something. I just sang it because it’s easy to play too. Vladimir is still a bit of a novice when it comes to the harp, you see… but if he master it like he mastered the bow... and some… other things bards are famous for then… mmm…)
>Dang, Vlad. You really sold your archery skills short to us. If you handled harp strings as well as you do bow strings you'd be the best bard in the Northlands.
:VladUNB: (Thank you… but no, I’m still rather bad with the harp string… I’ll need a lot of training before I can even call myself a musician.)

>Vlad, you need something that's quick to draw and easy to parry with.
:VladUNB: (B-but… axes are so cool and… you can use them to do a lot of other stuff… like… err…)
>I'd think your first priority when getting in melee combat is to delay the opponent until one of your allies can take them out.
:VladUNB: Fine, I’ll take a short sword with a wide hilt that’s good to parry with and a dagger for my off hand.
:PaladinUNB: Hmm… interesting choice. I would recommend that you skipped the dual wielding but… if you really want to go through the trouble. Well then, maggot, what are you waiting for? Get y-
:PaladinUNB: Req. Vladimir? Sgt. Drina needs you for a special mission.
:VladUNB: Wait, what about my training?
:PaladinUNB: Kid, you’re the best fighter of this whole group. You’ll survive missing out on one day of training. Now, I would recommend that you only bring a dagger with you as melee weapon as you don’t have any training yet… but it’s your call.
:AlexUNB: Ah, man… who will I be singing with on the next break now?
:AnnaUNB: I’m still here…
:PaladinUNB: We’ll force you to skip your next break too if you don’t focus, Anna!

Insert Step one: Hit them with sword. Step two: ??? Step three: All the bitches!_
>>
No. 565990 ID: 88960e

>Unless you can teach me how to sword fight
Wild reckless flailing won't work. I suggest calming down, and making more deliberate, practiced, actions. Which means right now you need to pay attentio. and learn the motions / actions you're going to need to practice from your instructor.
>>
No. 565996 ID: 9ddf68

ok when it comes to sword play the basic jest of it is to find an opening and strike, don't just flail your sword as that leaves you open to attacks because every time you attack you leave yourself open to being attack. From what I know the best thing to do is to attack with small quick strikes to keep your enemy of balance then wait until you see an opening to attack and take it. There's more to it then that of course but them the starts.

Also it said the last time the admin was over 1000 years ago and we've been here for 4 months. [check real player log to see when the last person other then us played]
>>
No. 565998 ID: d0e0a2

Vlad, bring the sword but keep it latched in its scabbard. That way you'll have it on hand if things go down and you lose your dagger.

Okay, Anna, here's my advice to you: First, forget everything you've read about sword fighting. You're in the real world now. Out here they're fiction, even the supposed non-fiction, and will get you killed.

Next, know you know nothing. That you're from a long line of master swordsmen means fuck all. None of them were born swordsmen. The potential may be in the blood, not the skill certainly isn't. Every one of them learned to wield the sword from another and built on that. You're no exception.

Third, listen to your teachers, goddammit! They know more than you. They have more experience than you. Do what they want you to do and learn from them. Get the basics down and you'll have a chance at living long enough to become a real swordswoman.

Fourth, you will not become a swordswoman, let alone a sword master, in a few days no matter how much energy you throw at it. It will take time. There's no way around that, so stop throwing yourself about willy-nilly and waving that sword like a feather duster.

Now, Alexandra, would you consider singing duet with Anna next break? How's your singing voice, Anna? You know any songs? ...Let me rephrase that: Do you know any songs that aren't excessively lewd or bawdy?
>>
No. 566006 ID: a87e3a

>>565988
Anna, here's some advice. Control your arm movements, get used to the way the sword feels in your hand, and pay attention to how it's oriented to make sure the edge is going to hit your opponent and not the flat. A skilled swordsman uses the sword as an extension of their arm.
>>
No. 566045 ID: 549d6c
File 139464510544.png - (16.94KB , 900x450 , 15.png )
566045

>[check real player log to see when the last person other than us played]
[Error! Value exceeds 999 years!]

>Now, Alexandra, would you consider singing duet with Anna next break?
:AlexUNB: Well… I dunno… it’s not really the same…
>How's your singing voice, Anna? You know any songs?
:AnnaUNB: Oh, I know a lot of songs!
>...Let me rephrase that: Do you know any songs that aren't excessively lewd or bawdy?
:AnnaUNB: I… um… know a considerate fewer songs like that… yes… err…
:AlexUNB: I got a deck of cards… we can play that instead…

>Anna, here's my advice to you: First, forget everything you've read about sword fighting.
:AnnaUNB: But… that the stuff that’s cool!
:AlexUNB: You rather be alive or cool?
>You're in the real world now. Out here they're fiction, even the supposed non-fiction, and will get you killed.
:AnnaUNB: …I…I guess…
>Next, know you know nothing. That you're from a long line of master swordsmen means fuck all.
:AnnaUNB: But… that’s genetics, right? It goes from parent to child?
:AlexUNB: Genetics is that you’ll get blue eyes or blond hair, not fighting prowess!
:PaladinUNB: Um…
>Third, listen to your teachers, goddammit! They know more than you.
:AnnaUNB: …yea… I guess they do know more than me, don’t they?
:PaladinUNB: Who are y-
:PaladinUNB: Shh, shut up, she’s learning something!
>A skilled swordsman uses the sword as an extension of their arm.
:AnnaUNB: An extension of my arm…
:PaladinUNB: Um… while learning stuff by talking to yourself is fine and all… we’re supposed to spar.
>When it comes to sword play the basic jest of it is to find an opening and strike.
:PaladinUNB: …Fight!
:AnnaUNB: Have at you!
:PaladinUNB: …um… teach said you aren’t supposed to flail around like that… you’re supposed to find an opening and strike… like th- OH GODS MY SPLEEN!!
:PaladinUNB: …did she just fake him out? Holy crap, she’s learning!
:AnnaUNB: Ha! Take that, you c- Wops!
*Crash!*
:PaladinUNB: M-medic…
:PaladinUNB: …and she slips as soon as she wins… great…

>Vlad, bring the sword but keep it latched in its scabbard. That way you'll have it on hand if things go down and you lose your dagger.
:VladUNB: Right, time for action then!



:DrinaUNB: Ah, Rec. Vladimir. I need some extra muscle for an investigation I’m doing.
:VladUNB: …muscle? Then why is Jal here?
:JalUNB: Oh, I’m just here to watch the train wreck that’s coming… just like your flirtations with Alexandra. This whole thing smells, if you ask me.
:VladUNB: Hey! Alexandra doesn’t smell! She got this lovely aroma of strawberries…
:JalUNB: …that’s her perfume… and not what I meant at all, Einstein.
:DrinaUNB: …she got way to much of that stuff, if you ask me…
:VladUNB: …wait, what’s an Einstein?
:DrinaUNB: Right, we don’t have time to bicker right now… let’s go!
:VladUNB: …where are we going?
:DrinaUNB: Err… right… should we take the mail box first or the house?
:JalUNB: If you ask me, then you shouldn’t just march there like you owned the place. We need to be a bit more… discreet.
:DrinaUNB: …and you have a plan?
:JalUNB: What? No, of course not. I’m just warning you because I still want to bang your sister. That’s not something that’s fun to do while she’s crying her eyes out because her dear sister died… believe me, I know.

:SpellSwordRUNE: Alright men, keep it up! One two three four! That includes you, “princess”!
:SpellSwordRUNE: B-by the e-eight, it’s c-cold…
:SpellSwordRUNE: That’s the point, dung shoveler, now move it or lose it!

Insert How I banged your Mother_
>>
No. 566050 ID: a9813e

Who are those purple knights behind Jal?
And do we need to worry about how quickly he can take cover?
>>
No. 566051 ID: e9e331

and these guys would be?

But yeah, unless you think there would be something in the mailbox I'd start with the house.
>>
No. 566062 ID: a87e3a

Oh hey, spellswords. We heard about these guys overseas. They're basically combat mages that can kick your ass in melee too. They're probably here to meet Jericho.
>>
No. 566068 ID: a97618

Congrats, Anna. A step in the right direction.

>wait, what’s an Einstein
A human scientist I'm surprised any of you have even heard of.
>>
No. 566070 ID: d0e0a2

Jal is right about being discreet. We stomp in and our quarry will either vanish or lay in wait to ambush us, neither of which we want.

Drina, you're known in town to be Order, so you'll have to hang back at first. Don't even be seen leaving the Order compound with Jal or Vlad. In fact, you all should leave separately and not be seen together anywhere near the mailbox or vacant house.

I believe we can message any of you directly, so we can relay info and call you in when the time comes. Lemme just test that: [Message "The Sister of Power:" You getting this?]

Jal, your monocle and finery will look out of place in the poorer part of town we're heading to. You got any plain clothes you could wear?

The mailbox sounds like it could end up being a lot of waiting around for Justin to show. I don't want to leave the vacant house alone for that long in case the trail there goes cold, so we should check the house first.

We'll have to scout the house before approaching. Vlad'll do a walk by on the opposite side of the street from its front to scope it out, followed by Jal doing the same from the rear. They'll meet back up with Drina far from the house and share what they saw so we can figure out a plan of approach.

Also, I have an idea that might get Justin for us while we're at the vacant house. Swing by the tavern first and ask Sten to write out a note to Justin calling in his tab. Have Sten deliver it right away to the mailbox via the way he usually gets such notes to Justin; Jal or Vlad can't deliver it 'cause that might raise suspicion. Then we tell the paladins on duty in the tavern to haul Justin in if he does show, and if there's a shift change to tell the next shift to do that.

...Are those Spellswords? What're they doing on this side of the Great Sea? I mean... I assume they're allied with the Order of Light, but why are elite warriors like such as them here and not fighting over there? They reinforcements for the Order against the undead scourge or something?

Hey, Drina, could you satisfy my curiosity and tell me the words of the prayer you and Dooriya used in the chapel yesterday?
>>
No. 566077 ID: 549d6c
File 139465532054.png - (23.35KB , 900x450 , 16.png )
566077

> Hey, Drina, could you satisfy my curiosity and tell me the words of the prayer you and Dooriya used in the chapel yesterday?
:DrinaUNB: Um… basically telling the light to look after us and guide us?
>A human scientist I'm surprised any of you have even hear of.
:JalUNB: Of course none of this uneducated fools have heard of him. Anyone who’s actually read a book in their life instead of using it as kindling on the other claw would know about Einstein and the marvels of magic theory he created.
>Jal, your monocle and finery will look out of place in the poorer part of town we're heading to. You got any plain clothes you could wear?
:JalUNB: No, I don’t… end of discussion.
:DrinaUNB: Actually, I can probably get you a-
:JalUNB: NO! I refuse to go back to wearing filthy rags like some… *cough*… no, thank you, I’m fine with the clothes I have…
>Who are those purple knights behind Jal?
:DrinaUNB: I’ve never seen anyone with those colors before.
:JalUNB: They are Spell Swords, I believe. Magic wielding knights. Of course, they are from across the great sea so… I have no idea what they are doing here of all places.
>They're probably here to meet Jericho.
:JalUNB: I don’t know what this Jericho is but it sounds very mellow.
:DrinaUNB: They probably came with the Serath Sultan… which means she finally arrived.
>Drina, you're known in town to be Order, so you'll have to hang back at first. Don't even be seen leaving the Order compound with Jal or Vlad.
:DrinaUNB: Right, I’ll hang back then.



>Unless you think there would be something in the mailbox I'd start with the house. We'll have to scout it before approaching.
:VladUNB: We’ve checked it out. Didn’t see any moment inside, though.
:JalUNB: It barely looks like a house! No way anyone is living in there!
:VladUNB: Wanna bet?
:JalUNB: …sure, I bet one Swallow that there’s no one li-
:VladUNB: There was smoke coming out of the chimney.
:JalUNB: …son of a-

Insert –a very classy lady._
>>
No. 566080 ID: a9813e

Son of a man who sired an excellent hunter!
but all jokes aside, I'm thinking...Hrrm. Yeah, Vlad, hang back at about that tree or so, while Jal goes to the door, Jal, maybe stand off to one side to make any shooting Vlad might need to do easier.
>>
No. 566083 ID: e9e331

alright then who's going to go knock? Vlad is more ranged then anything, Jal isn't fighter, and Drina would probably scare anyone inside off seeing as she's a caption for the Order. Jal you got anything on you that could be used in a pinch or are you practically helpless here? Because if you can actually defend yourself I think you'd be our best bet for opining the door. Or we could just sneak in through a window.
>>
No. 566085 ID: a97618

>alright then who's going to go knock?
...hey Jal, how do you feel about posing as a door to door snake oil salesman? Just add a skeevy tophat and that finery you insisted on wearing would fit the role.
>>
No. 566088 ID: eb10ea

>princess
We should have asked about that. Oh well.

>Smoke coming out of the chimney
Climb over those boxes onto the roof and plug it up. The house fills with smoke, disoriented and confused criminals pour onto the open for quick and easy detainment. Just be really quiet and don't fall through the roof like an idiot.
>>
No. 566091 ID: d0e0a2

Nice one, Vlad. Jal, pay up. And you do know there are levels of clothes between "filthy rags" and "fancy finery," right?

The "Jericho" we were referring to is - or likely "was," since we're here - Lord Jericho Drah'kon the Second, our king piece back when we were in the Serath. He was also the first antipode mage in this world since the old gods died. That sounds like big news to me, so I'm slightly surprised you haven't heard of him.

Oh, I just got a wicked idea to flush whoever is in there out: We smoke 'em out! Plug the chimney and they'll have to come out eventually. Then Drina lies in wait and nabs whoever comes out.

The chimney is as tumbledown as the rest of the house, right? Is so then here's the plan. Vlad gets up on the roof of the neighboring house nearest to the chimney; Not the vacant house since that'd make noise or risk him falling through it. He then leans on the chimney top and pushes steadily harder. The old mortar ought to give way and the whole thing collapses in. And if the vacant house's chimney isn't close enough, then Vlad can take a pole up to push it over.

Alternate plan if the chimney is tougher than it looks: Tie up a plug of straw just big enough to fit snugly in the chimney. Vlad goes up, Drina hands the bundle up to him from the back of the house. He gently lowers it into the chimney until it can't be seen from below, then gets down from the roof. And if the chimney is too far away then get a pole and tie the straw plug to it.

And alternate plan if Vlad can't handle the weight of the straw: Vlad places a wooden board over the chimney and weighs it down with a brick.
>>
No. 566092 ID: 549d6c
File 139466098539.png - (20.84KB , 900x450 , 17.png )
566092

>Nice one, Vlad. Jal, pay up.
:VladUNB: Yeah, give me my coin!
:JalUNB: Coin? I wasn’t betting a coin.
:VladUNB: …you said a swallow… if you say you meant the bird I will pu-
:JalUNB: Nono… I meant I would swallow when you come by my room later tonight.
:VladUNB: …huh?
:JalUNB: …you know… after you realize how awesome mantis tongues are…
:VladUNB: I… I don’t quite follow… what do you mean?
:JalUNB: …I’m talking about giving you a blo-
:DrinaUNB: Just give him the damn coin and stop with the gay jokes.
:JalUNB: Fine… but the offer still stands, kid.
:DrinaUNB: …geez, you’re such a whore…
:JalUNB: Hey! I take offence to that.
:VladUNB: …I have no idea what’s going on…

>You do know there are levels of clothes between "filthy rags" and "fancy finery," right?
:JalUNB: …and I’m not wearing anything worse than fancy, alright.
>antipode mage.
:JalUNB: Oh, I read about that… didn’t catch his name tough… Jericho, you say?
>Oh, I just got a wicked idea to flush whoever is in there out: We smoke 'em out! Plug the chimney and they'll have to come out eventually.
:DrinaUNB: …there’s no way that roof will hold for anyone.
:JalUNB: I’m pretty sure there isn’t even enough smoke to… “Smoke them out”… whatever they are burning in there it can’t be big. You can barely see the smoke.
>...hey Jal, how do you feel about posing as a door to door snake oil salesman?
:JalUNB: Ha, like a snake oil salesman would even look twice at this hovel.
>Jal you got anything on you that could be used in a pinch or are you practically helpless here?
:JalUNB: Hey, I already said that I’m a lover, not a fighter.
:DrinaUNB: You’re a whore.
:JalUNB: Excuse me, princess, just because my standards are a bit low…

>Jal, knock on the door.
*Knock*Knock*

*Knock*Knock*
:JalUNB: …no one’s home…
>Or we could just sneak in through a window.
:VladUNB: All the windows are bared… but there are a lot of holes in the walls and roof… let’s see… um… guys? I think I can see some… mushrooms?
:JalUNB: More drugs!

Insert Drugs for everyone!_
>>
No. 566094 ID: a87e3a

>>566092
The door on the second floor is open... the guy's probably up there. It means he can probably hear your conversation so we don't have the element of surprise. Unless you've been whispering.

Do either of you have the capability of getting up to that door? We really should have more people to cover all the exits so he can't make a run for it...
>>
No. 566095 ID: a9813e

Hey Jal, know what those mushrooms specifically DO?
Because you two getting close only for someone to toss a match at them because they're flammable and blowing you two to kingdom come is not a perferred outcome!
>>
No. 566098 ID: d0e0a2

Vlad, I think somebody is coming out the open door on the second floor. Get down and out of sight.

Yeah, Jal, that was his name. He was also an undead lizard; a mummy, to be precise. That match with what you read? And how long ago did you read it?

Jal, it looks like the mushrooms have a green stem and their caps are red on the lower half with green on the upper half. They're also in planters exposed to the cold. Can you ID them from that?

I think we lost the element of surprise when Jal knocked. Lets get in position to bust in.

Vlad, get to the roof across from the back of this dump and cover the exits. Anybody tries to run give them a warning, then shoot to disable if they don't heed. Try to avoid killing.

Drina, get to the front. I don't trust that there isn't a trap on the front door or somebody laying in ambush, so position to breach through the wall. I'd guess there's at least one weak spot you could smash in without the whole place coming down.

Jal, take cover out front, watch and call out anybody who makes a run for it.
>>
No. 566100 ID: a97618

>I have no idea what’s going on…
He was attempting to offer you a sexual favor in lieu of monetary payment. If you stop and think about it, I'm sure you can figure out what he meant he would swallow.

>no one's home
Someone lit that fire.
>>
No. 566101 ID: 9ddf68

possible way in through the second story if you can find a way to get up there. if no one is coming through that do how high do you think you could throw Vlad Drina?
>>
No. 566107 ID: dbe554

>>566100

And if you've never had sex education, he means your penis. He would devour it and swallow it.
>>
No. 566161 ID: 549d6c
File 139472409720.png - (21.01KB , 900x450 , 18.png )
566161

>Yeah, Jal, that was his name. He was also an undead lizard; a mummy, to be precise. That match with what you read? And how long ago did you read it?
:JalUNB: It was some mummy prince from the Serath deserts… and I read about it a few weeks ago… something about a royal wedding down there.
>Hey Jal, know what those mushrooms specifically DO? Because if they're flammable…
:JalUNB: I’ve never heard of a mushroom that can make mushroom clouds.
>it looks like the mushrooms have a green stem and their caps are red.
:JalUNB: Hmm… if we’re continuing on the track of drugs… then I do believe I know what those are. Can’t remember what they are called exactly but they are highly toxic so don’t eat them. But if you boil them in a special kind of solution you can create a liquid capable of making you high without killing you. I don’t know the solution myself but that’s what I’ve learned from alchemy class.

>He was attempting to offer you a sexual favor in lieu of monetary payment. If you stop and think about it, I'm sure you can figure out what he meant he would swallow.
:VladUNB: ...oh… OH! …I…err… I-I… um…
:JalUNB: I’m just teasing you, buddy. I know you don’t swing that way… at least, I don’t think you do.
:VladUNB: Err… heh… um… of course… I… don’t… heh….
>And if you've never had sex education, he means your penis.
:VladUNB: I’m not a complete idiot. Pa did tell me about the flowers and bees and… wait…
>He would devour it and swallow it.
:VladUNB: …yeah, I’m going to call bullshit on this one.
:JalUNB: Well… technically I would devour it but only swallow the-
:DrinaUNB: Dammit, guys! You’re supposed to sneak inside the house, not loudly discussing blowjobs!
>They can probably hear your conversation so we don't have the element of surprise. Unless you've been whispering.
:VladUNB: Err…
:DrinaUNB: You guys are idiots!
:VladUNB: Um… shutting up now…

>Vlad, I think somebody is coming out the open door on the second floor. Get down and out of sight.
:VladUNB: (Shi- I… I don’t think he saw me… hmm… looks like one of those scavengers… or homeless or whatever you call them… Pa used to say they were all thieves and scoundrels. Hmm… It doesn’t look like he got any weapons… he’s probably just checking out the ruckus Jal and I did… hopefully Jal has moved away from the door.)

Insert Clearly, they are just like [Insert racial stereotype here], always stealing and taking away jobs from [Your race here]._
>>
No. 566165 ID: a97618

>Dammit, guys! You’re supposed to sneak inside the house, not loudly discussing blowjobs!
But we didn't even get to the interesting bit where we question if getting sensitive naughty bits close to matis mouthparts is terrifying or tempting!

>noise
Yeah, there's someone looking out from the second floor now, Vlad. I don't think he can see you from that position though, the wall you're up against should block line of sight.

...unless they've got a player helping them too. Did we ever confirm that the others see the world in the same way we do? Question for Pink, later.
>>
No. 566166 ID: a9813e

*facepalms*
I'd like to apologize for this Drina, but I don't think it's over yet. Long story short? We can get very perverted at times. This apparently is one of them.
NOW THEN!
I'm torn between having Drina just go up there since we've totally lost the element of surprise, or having her go and get reinforcements so we can be sure we can catch these guys.
>>
No. 566173 ID: d90d89

well we now know there is someone in here, and that this is a drug operation. If we wait for the guy to leave, grab one of the mushrooms, and then get Drina to bring the evidence to the order, think we could do a raid on this place?
>>
No. 566179 ID: d0e0a2

Vlad, hold position. We'll wait a bit to see if the guy heads back inside. With the loud talk of blowjobs and the knocking on the front door maybe he'll decide you two were just drunk or high or something. Plus, he doesn't look dressed well for this weather - not even a cover on his tail - so the cold will likely drive him inside soon.

Jal, switching from the drugs track; What about poisons? You did say the mushrooms are highly toxic, so are they anything special for making poisons? Oh, and in the future just think at us and we'll hear you; No need to speak out loud.

That sounds like good news about Jericho; He survived to marry Prince Eliraz like they wanted to. Though we can't be certain of it until we get another source, it's a good sign. I do wonder how we separated from him without him dying. Maybe we released him? Would that even be possible to do with a king piece?
>>
No. 566180 ID: a87e3a

>>566161
That's not a human male. If there's more than one person involved here maybe we shouldn't try raiding the house.

That said... Vlad, could you shoot this guy in the leg at that angle? It looks very difficult. On the other hand you could just pop up with your bow drawn and tell him to freeze.

Jal should get away from the house. Drina, get ready to take down anyone that runs out the front door.
>>
No. 566189 ID: 549d6c
File 139473528324.png - (5.87KB , 900x450 , 19.png )
566189

>Yeah, there's someone looking out from the second floor now, Vlad. I don't think he can see you from that position though, the wall you're up against should block line of sight.
:VladUNB: (As I said, he doesn’t seem to have notice me. Hopefully he’ll think we were just two drunks arguing.)
>That said... Vlad, could you shoot this guy in the leg at that angle?
:VladUNB: (Err… aren’t we supposed to be some kind of city guard? I’m pretty sure I can’t just go around shooting people. If anything, I should get someone that actually knows how to arrest someone.)
>If we wait for the guy to leave, grab one of the mushrooms, and then get Drina to bring the evidence to the order, think we could do a raid on this place?
:VladUNB: (See… that’s more like it… and speaking of the Thane, he’s leaving. I’ll grab a mushroom and give it to Drina as evidence.)



:DrinaUNB: Good work! This will be enough to get a drug raid going.
:JalUNB: Um… don’t you guys need a warrant?
:DrinaUNB: No one is officially owning that house so it is owned by the city and thus… the order. If anything, it’s a crime just living in there without our permission. Well, our job here is done… the rest is for the task-force to deal with.
>Jal, switching from the drugs track; What about poisons? You did say the mushrooms are highly toxic, so are they anything special for making poisons?
:JalUNB: (Unless you eat one whole you’ll probably just get really sick and puke it up. There’s cheaper ways to make worse poisons.)
>But we didn't even get to the interesting bit where we question if getting sensitive naughty bits close to matis mouthparts is terrifying or tempting!
:VladUNB: Err… do we really have to-
:JalUNB: *Click*Click* …oh don’t mind me… I’m just stretching my mandibles a bit… my sharp yet very strong mandibles…
:VladUNB: Err…
:JalUNB: And watch this! I can nearly reach my foot claws with my long, dexterous and nimble tongue… it’s just perfect to take a hold of something and squeeze, massage and lick all ove-
:DrinaUNB: *Click*Click*
:VladUNB: Not you to, Drina.
:DrinaUNB: What? No. I’m just imagining myself becoming a stereotype and eating Jal’s head if he doesn’t shut up about blowjobs.
:JalUNB: …I’ll be good.



:UnknownKAK: Is it really necessary to put two runes of weakness on him?
:UnknownKAK: Let’s not take any chances, he’s dangerous. I’ve heard that he killed a whole army of undead Vildmän with his bare hands before ripping a wolf pack and a wild bear into pieces with his teeth… of course, that’s probably bullshit bu-
:UnknownKAK: He’s waking up, chief.
:UnknownKAK: Good… then we can finally find out why those freaky cultist will pay so much for him alive… and why they keep calling him “Broken”.
:BradfordUNB: Uhn…?
:UnknownKAK: Ah, welcome! Welcome to our glorious hovel! Let me introduce myself, I’m a man of wealth and taste, and I’ll be your host this fine evening, “Mr. Beard”. Now, are you feeling alright? We can’t have one of our esteemed guests feeling under the weather, now can we?

Insert He’s more beard then man… he’s… BEARD MAN, savior of the universe!_
>>
No. 566191 ID: 3f0c1b

Only two runes of weakness? Pffffth, you can break those cuffs right Bradford?
>>
No. 566192 ID: a9813e

Okay. Nice to see you're alright Bradford. As far as the situation goes...
Good news-this guy isn't a cultist. Bad news-he's doing business with the cultists- so we need to bust loose before that happens.
I've got a crazy idea-
call him Justin Case, and say that the Order's on to him. He'll either think you're crazy or he's gonna flip out.
>>
No. 566195 ID: eb10ea

>a man of wealth and taste
I'll tell you once you son of a bitch, I'm the best there's ever been.

Okay, we've established that whoever captured you can cast magic, and somehow knows you put 'von beard' as a last name on that entry thing. "chief" is also an odd term to use instead of boss; do you know of any criminals or organizations that use or go by that title? Perhaps that guy who supposedly died 2 years ago?
>>
No. 566196 ID: dbe554

Can you see beyond the lantern? We cannot spot anything in the pitch darkness.
>>
No. 566198 ID: d0e0a2

Ah, you're finally awake. I was beginning to worry they'd keep you drugged under forever.

The Order knows you've been kidnapped. If we're lucky these assholes didn't remove your tracker spell and the Order will be busting down the door any second. But in case we aren't lucky we'll have to string 'em along until the Order picks up the trail. Maybe we'll be able to get enough hints from them about your location to pin it down and relay that back to the Order.

Tell "Chief" that you're feeling like you've been drugged, kidnapped, and chained up, but other than that you're just peachy. Then ask for a drink of water to wash the stale drug taste of your mouth. Maybe they'll oblige and we'll get a look at one of them when he brings the cup.

Tell him you'd like to know why they're calling you "Broken" as well, then ask what the cultists are willing to pay for you. No matter the amount say it's not nearly enough.

Ask how the fuck they got you out of Ängladal. It'd be hard enough to duck the Order normally, but with the sultan coming in security was extra tight. Appeal to their egos and maybe they'll spill something we can follow to your location.

>>566191
Don't give them any reason to drug you up or slap another weakness rune or set of chains on you. Keep the acts of strength back to surprise them with at the best possible time.
>>
No. 566199 ID: a87e3a

>>566189
Can you see anything? I can't see the floor or anything past the light. If you're suspended above a pit, trying to break out of those restraints might be a bad idea.

Be honest about how you feel. Then ask them who they are and what they want.

[scan nearest non-Bradford person]
>>
No. 566204 ID: 549d6c
File 139474364907.png - (6.12KB , 900x450 , 20.png )
566204

>Only two runes of weakness? Pffffth, you can break those cuffs right Bradford?
I… I can barely move…
:UnknownKAK: … I would advice you to not try and break free. You’ll have a friend here in the shadows watching over you at all times with a poision tipped crossbow. Do anything and it’s bed time.
:BradfordUNB: Y-you can’t… kill… me… you need me a-alive…
:UnknownKAK: True, but they didn’t say anything about damage. As long as you’re alive they don’t really care.
>"chief" is also an odd term to use instead of boss; do you know of any criminals or organizations that use or go by that title?
I… I can’t say I do.

>Tell "Chief" that you're feeling like you've been drugged, kidnapped, and chained up, but other than that you're just peachy.
:UnknownKAK: Marvelous! Can’t have our guest being unhappy about our service, now can we? Now, just between you and me, you’ll give this nice hotel five stars when you leave,
>Then ask for a drink of water to wash the stale drug taste of your mouth.
:UnknownKAK: Ah, of course. My lady, a drink for our guest of honor! Give him our best water at once!
:BradfordUNB: *Glug*Glug*
>Ask them who they are and what they want.
:UnknownKAK: We are simply entrepreneurs doing our jobs. Nothing more.
>Tell him you'd like to know why they're calling you "Broken" as well, then ask what the cultists are willing to pay for you.
:UnknownKAK: Ten whole dragons …you seems confused, so let me enlighten you. That would be 100 Wyverns… or 1.000 eagles… 100.00 doves… 1.000.000 crows… 10.000.000 magpies… 100.000.000 swallo-
:BradfordUNB: Yes, I g-get it… it’s a lot of money…
>Ask how the fuck they got you out of Ängladal. It'd be hard enough to duck the Order normally, but with the sultan coming in security was extra tight.
:UnknownKAK: That would be a professional secret, my dear.
:BradfordUNB: …ha, we p-probably didn’t even leave the c-city… admit it, y-you can’t get out, can you?
:UnknownKAK: ...
>Call him Justin Case
:UnknownKAK: …why do I recognize that name?
:UnknownKAK: It was the name of the deadbeat we stole the stone from, chief.
:UnknownKAK: Ah… right… the stone… The cultists are paying a fortune for it… just like you. Hmm… let me ask you something, Beard… a cyan stone? Have you ever seen one before? It clearly magical but I don’t know what it does… and I don’t like selling things I don’t understand… so, my friend, what do you know about stones?
:BradfordUNB: I… I can’t…
:UnknownKAK: Oh, and one last question… just between us gentlemen…
[Message from Player Green: What is your king worth to you?]

Insert As long as Mr. Green winters here doesn’t send you out to slay a dragon_
>>
No. 566205 ID: a87e3a

>>566204
[message to Green: Bradford is worth quite a lot to us, and we have very rich allies. We would probably pay that ransom, depending on who you would give him to if we didn't pay, and if you even have the ability to give him to them. Why aren't you allied with us against the demons yet, anyway? As for the stone, it is one of the keys to the Words of the world. Do not let it fall into the hands of the demon cultists. Nor the paladins, as Light is a daemon too.]

[scan the white-robed man]
>>
No. 566206 ID: 9ddf68

my question is how the hell does everyone find out who our fucking king is every god damn time while we have to wait for others to tell us who there's is? I mean we came into the town with a whole bunch of people that could hear us so it's not like Jericho where he was the only one talking to us and the others just kinda funneled in. It's probably a bluff, I mean I'm pretty sure he knows Brad is one of our pieces, that's as easy as a simple scan but he's probably just guessing on whether or not Brad is our king.

Also as for something to ask, Why doesn't Green know what those stones are, we really don't even know what they are just that every player seems to want them, or did want them, sorry time shenanigans kinda make things confusing from time to time.
>>
No. 566209 ID: eb10ea

You can't even get out of the city, numbnuts. Your bargaining position is crap.

The cultists will probably use it to destroy the world, like cultists ALWAYS TRY TO DO WITH OBJECTS OF POWER. They're attempting to corrupt other players, and have successfully done so with Grey. Not that I'm surprised, but they tried it on us too.

Oh also what the fuck is going on in the Serath desert? Everyone is being super vague, clueless or evasive.
>>
No. 566211 ID: a87e3a

>>566209
Shh, don't tell them her color!
>>
No. 566212 ID: 549d6c
File 139474676860.png - (15.47KB , 900x450 , 21.png )
566212

>[message to Green: Bradford is worth quite a lot to us, and we have very rich alli-
[From Green: This isn’t about monetary gain.]
>Why aren't you allied with us against the demons yet, anyway?
[From Green: …against them? You’re working for them.]
>As for the stone, it is one of the keys to the Words of the world.
[From Green: …Interesting.]
>Why doesn't Green know what those stones are.
[From Green: Why would I?]
>You can't even get out of the city, numbnuts. Your bargaining position is crap.
[From Green: …Do you even know where you are?]
>Oh also what the fuck is going on in the Serath desert? Everyone is being super vague, clueless or evasive.
[From Green: Err… I… wait, what does the Serath kingdom have to do with anything? Your king is about to lose conscious again… maybe we’ll speak later when he reawakens.]



:PaladinUNB: Well then, ladies, it’s time for lunch. Just follow the signs to the mess hall and eat your food. Just remember to keep away from the west wing. We got royal company there and it’s completely off limits.
:AnnaUNB: Roger dodger! …hey, Alexandra, do you want to ogle some hot royal princes?
:AlexUNB: …I got a feeling you have a problem accepting authority.
:AnnaUNB: Pfff… authority smorithy. Let’s go have lunch then, party pooper.

Insert And now, for someone completely different_
>>
No. 566214 ID: 9ddf68

you know if they catch you back there, there is a good chance that you'll be kicked out of the order.
>>
No. 566216 ID: a87e3a

>>566212
Well good news is that Brad woke up and he's not in the hands of any crazy cultists, or anyone allied with demons apparently. Bad news is that he's completely helpless and his captor wants something from us.

[message to Pink: Hey, future-us here, if you're in the northlands could you perhaps send Artemis out to say hi to our new pawns? Two of them will be in the mess hall.]
>>
No. 566217 ID: eb10ea

Well he picked the perfect time to start asking questions. I guess he's vague, clueless AND evasive.

We have reason to believe Brad is still in the city. He's in a stone brick building described as a 'hovel'; does that ring any bells? Also, his kidnappers acquired something that the cultists want from Justin. Can you say '2 birds with one stone'?
>>
No. 566218 ID: d0e0a2

Don't bother looking for princes there, Anna. Since they're next in line to the throne protocol very likely states that they not travel together with the sultan on foreign trips. Now the sultan's harem, that's a whole other thing. If the sultan is who I think she is, then it's a sure bet she brought some of them along.

We just got back from Bradford. Had a bit of a chat with his kidnappers before he passed out. Good news is they're not cultists; They're just in it for the cultist's coin, and it's a hell of a lot of it: Ten dragons for Brad delivered alive. The kidnappers are holding on delivering him 'cause they want to know why Brad's so important to the cultists first, but no idea how long they'll wait.

We didn't get much of a look at where Brad was. He was chained to the wall at the end of a hall made of real thick stone masonry; Big honkin' slabs. We think he's still in town, or under it, but he could also be anywhere around the town that has stone construction.

Also, the kidnappers are pawns of another player: Green. No idea what his agenda is, but strangely he says he's not out for monetary gain, and he's not any any daemon's side.

And we need to find out where the Order is on tracking down Brad and ask them why the tracking spell on him isn't working, 'cause if it was working they'd have him by now. Can you speak with Captain Andrzej or whoever is in charge of the city guard about that?

Now, where's Drina? We need to speak with her right away. We found out from Brad's kidnappers they were the ones who broke into the toll office last evening. They took a mysterious magical cyan stone from the package of moon leaves that was addressed to the vacant house. They said the cultists would pay a fortune for the stone, so obviously we don't want it getting into their hands. But also, if the stone was meant to get to the vacant house then the house or it's occupants may be more than meets the eye. We need to warn Drina about that before the raid on the house goes down. We also need to get our hands on Mr. Case to find out how he got his hands on that stone.

Alexandra, what's the deal with Jal? We brought up him wearing something plainer to be less conspicuous while in the poorer part of town and he nearly freaked out. Told us he'd never wear anything less than finery ever again. What's going on there?

Oh, and Anna, we found out what we are: We're a god, or an amalgam of gods, like the gods of old before they all died.
>>
No. 566221 ID: a9813e

[Message to Green: Basically? These 'cultists' guys increase our corruption level, which is bad, because we apparently had gotten 100% before and lost our memories and craziness occurred. That said...'Steve' gave us a Spear of Light that helped us strike down Wraiths and even a Demon in the Serath Desert, and they seem to be linked to the cultists of here in the north.]
>>
No. 566233 ID: a87e3a

>>566221
We never got to 100%. We're only using Brad as our king right now because we hopped into the future, it's not because we died in the past-future.
>>
No. 566248 ID: a97618

>>566221
Could we not send that? That's not even completely accurate, and I don't see how throwing everything crazy at Green all at once will help anything.
>>
No. 566286 ID: 3f0c1b

>>566233
Don't send this! Let's not let Green know we are jumping around in time just yet.
>>
No. 566287 ID: 549d6c
File 139481207532.png - (18.84KB , 900x450 , 22.png )
566287

>[message to Pink]
[You’ve yet met player pink in this time!]
>Well good news is that Brad woke up and he's not in the hands of any crazy cultists, or anyone allied with demons apparently. Bad news is that he's completely helpless and his captor wants something from us.
:AnnaUNB: …well, that sucks.
:AlexUNB: Hmm…
>Also, the kidnappers are pawns of another player: Green. No idea what his agenda is, but strangely he says he's not out for monetary gain, and he's not any any daemon's side.
:AnnaUNB: Power, maybe? Power is pretty normal motive…
>Now, where's Drina? We need to speak with her right away.
:AlexUNB: Didn’t Vlad go out on a mission with her? That’s the last I’ve heard about her.
>Alexandra, what's the deal with Jal? We brought up him wearing something plainer to be less conspicuous while in the poorer part of town and he nearly freaked out.
:AlexUNB: I’ve already told you. He was the bastard son of a poor thrall woman. You can imagine how his childhood was.
>We found out what we are: We're a god, or an amalgam of gods, like the gods of old before they all died.
:AlexUNB: I find that hard to belive.
:AnnaUNB: So you aren’t tiny demons! You’re tiny gods! Just like Brad said!

>And we need to find out where the Order is on tracking down Brad and ask them why the tracking spell on him isn't working, 'cause if it was working they'd have him by now. Can you speak with Captain Andrzej or whoever is in charge of the city guard about that?
:AnnaUNB: Oh, the captain should be in the west wing so…
:AlexUNB: Anna…
>You know if they catch you back there, there is a good chance that you'll be kicked out of the order.
:AnnaUNB: That’s if they catch me-
:AlexUNB: Is it really worth the risk?
:AnnaUNB: Hmm… maybe not… but I can take a detour to the mess hall and just follow along the west wing. They can’t throw me out if I don’t actually enter it, can I? And who knows… maybe I’ll find the captain… or a cute prince~
:AlexUNB: You have fun doing that. I’ll just head to the mess hall directly for a snack… man, I’m hungry. I should eat a whole spider!



:AnnaUNB: (Hey, look! It’s the captain… oh… and is that a… ah man, he’s undead… pooper…)
:PaladinUNB: HALT! No one is to pass this point!

:AndrzejUNB: Now look here, I ca-
:UnknownKAK: He is a threat to the legacy of the Von Zolner family name! Bah, I knew one of your kind wouldn’t be intelligent enough to understand.
:AndrzejUNB: …my kind?
:UnknownKAK: Bring me a real person to talk to… not a… filthy insect or primitive monkey…
:AndrzejUNB: …I’ll see what I can do, “my lord”…

Insert Specism at its finest_
>>
No. 566289 ID: ad40ec

yea we found a A-hole, can't wait till he becomes an stick up our ass.
>>
No. 566290 ID: a97618

All right. So planning in advance for when we next talk to Green:

>This isn’t about monetary gain
Well, your pawns seem to think it is. But that raises the question: if you're not asking us to outbid your buyers, what is this about? What do you want of us?

>against [the demons]? You’re working for them
You're misinformed. That or you're much better informed than us and someone has done a very good job of deceiving us.

>the prince is undead
Is that Eliraz? He died? Dang.

It would be useful if one of you could find a way to talk with him.

...and who's the obnoxious speciest, anyways?
>>
No. 566291 ID: dbe554

You know we might be able to talk to him ourselves..

*Float over, perch on Eliraz head and nibble*
>>
No. 566293 ID: d0e0a2

...Oh dear... That's Prince Eliraz. He was our queen piece back in the Serath, but he wasn't undead then. We failed him... Well, that's something we'll endeavor to prevent from happening when we get back.

Wave to Captain Andrzej to get his attention. Ask what the heck is that guy's problem; What threat was he talking about? Then ask how the search for Brad is going. They having trouble with his tracking spell?

Suggest that if Andrzej needs a lizard to talk with the speciest jerk that he could get Alexandra. She's a lady so she should know how to speak with stuck-up nobles.

Anna, you got any idea who the Von Zolner family are?

Hey, would you be up to giving Vlad some instruction in just how wide the world of sex is? Vlad's dad told him the very basics but he didn't even know what a blowjob was until an hour ago. I'd be good if he knew a bit more before getting that far with Alexandra.

Let's do a scan check here: [Scan angry lizard speciest douchbag] [Scan undead Eliraz]

So Green might want power... Aw, crap. I just realized that he could force us to do his bidding by holding Bradford hostage, threatening to kill him or turn him over to the cultists. And if Brad goes, we go.
>>
No. 566294 ID: a87e3a

Call out to Eliraz, tell him some old friends would like to have a chat!
>>
No. 566303 ID: 549d6c
File 139482293457.png - (17.62KB , 900x450 , 23.png )
566303

>[Scan undead Eliraz]
[“The Thief” is currently claimed by Player Teal (past)… this pawn is currently is suspension and will be reclaimable at a later date.]
>[Scan angry lizard speciest douchbag]
[Neutral Creature (Hostile): Supremacist. Neutral creatures are unclaimable and can’t ally with any player.]
>*Float over, perch on Eliraz head and nibble*
[Error! Out of reach!]

>yea we found a A-hole, can't wait till he becomes an stick up our ass.
If I know my heroics… which I do, this guy is going to become a minor villain that the Hero, that is to say me, kills off half way through the story just to show off how badass I am is.
>Hey, would you be up to giving Vlad some instruction in just how wide the world of sex is? Vlad's dad told him the very basics but he didn't even know what a blowjob was until an hour ago.
I… err… I… I can d-do that… I guess?
>Is that Eliraz? He died? Dang.
…um… sorry for your loss?

>Call out to Eliraz, tell him some old friends would like to have a chat!
:AnnaUNB: Um… Eliraz? Prince Eliraz? I got some of your old friends that want to talk to you… err… he’s walking away chatting with that stone lizard guy… how rude.
>Wave to Captain Andrzej to get his attention.
:AndrzejUNB: Private, Escort “Lord” Von Zolner here to a private chamber and send out a message to the ranger lord.
:PaladinUNB: Yes, my lord!
:UnknownKAK: Finally, a person instead of an animal to talk to…
:AndrzejUNB: …Anna? What are you doing here?
>Ask what the heck is that guy's problem; What threat was he talking about?
:AndrzejUNB: That would be Alexi von Zolner, a… noble from a very influential family here in the higher Järgien. He wanted to put up wanted posters for a certain individual but as this individual haven’t actually done anything illegal I told him to go fuck himself… err… not in those words, of course.
>Suggest that if Andrzej needs a lizard to talk with the speciest jerk that he could get Alexandra.
:AndrzejUNB: We have a lot of lizards in our organization, so let’s keep the trainees out of this… that includes you, lady.
>Then ask how the search for Brad is going. They having trouble with his tracking spell?
:AndrzejUNB: Hmm… I shouldn’t tell you but… you are a friend of the victim so… we’re dealing with someone that has a vast knowledge of runes. Whoever did this was able to set up a rune that’s redirecting our tracking spell. As long as it’s functional we won’t be able be able to track him.
:AnnaUNB: Can’t you just destroy it?
:AndrzejUNB: …if we were able to destroy it we would already have found Bradford. Now, please, I’m very busy here… unless there was something else I really need to be going.

Insert I’m getting some far left vibes from this game…_
>>
No. 566305 ID: 9ddf68

They have two weakening wards on Brad and there's a chance he's still within the city. His abductors are wearing white robes and they plan to sell him to the cultist along with a small blue stone but since they can easily take off the robes when not being scum do think we'll be able to find them by simply walking the streets.

Also please tell me that Prick lord over there has no control over any military forces like the spell blades, I really don't like it when dicks like him are given real power as it never ends well.
>>
No. 566306 ID: a87e3a

>>566305
Hmm, yes, I suppose we can trust this guy enough to tell him our inside information. Let's do it. It's currently important enough to find these guys that we can risk Anna looking crazy.

>>566303
I'm fairly certain at this point that time itself is conspiring to keep us from getting any direct information about the past-future. That's two tidbits of indirect information so far though- Eliraz dies at some point within the last 9 months, Jericho is still around and Artemis is fine. That's who that stone lizard was: a reactivated golem who has allied with us.
>>
No. 566308 ID: d0e0a2

Okay, Anna, if we're going to get what we know to Andrzaj you're going to have to look crazy for a bit. Just keep giong and it'll sort out eventually. I hope.

Tell the captain that you have knowledge about Brad's kidnapping and the toll office break in. If he wants to know how you know tell him that you'll only say so in front of Lieutenant Dooriya or the Archbishop. They can corroborate your source.

The kidnapping was done by three people. Two humans, a male and a female, both with light skin and brown eyes, and a lizard of indeterminate sex with yellow eyes, all wearing white robes with hoods and cloths over their mouthes. They drugged Brad unconscious with a dosed cloth then hauled him out the window.

The kidnappers are not cultists. They kidnapped Brad because the cultists are offering ten dragons for delivering him to them alive.

Brad currently has two runes of weakening on him and is chained to the wall at the end of a dead-end hall made of thick stone block masonry. He likely is still in the city due to the increased Order security from the sultan's visit stopping the kidnappers from taking him out.

The toll office break in was done by the same people who kidnapped Brad. They took an unidentified magical cyan stone weighing 1.5 kilos from a package of moon leaves hidden in a secret compartment in Mr. Justin Case's chest. They said the cultists would pay a fortune for this stone.

The moon leaves package was addressed to a vacant house that Drina just investigated and will call for a drug raid on. Since the stone was intended to arrive there, the house or its occupants may not be who or what they seem.

And I misjudged you, Anna. I'm sorry. Forget I suggested doing that for Vlad. He can find out such things from elsewhere.

Hey, Anna, how much you wanna bet that Alexandra's real last name is "Von Zolner" and Alexi wanted to put wanted posters up for her? ...Wait. Alexi said "he," didn't he? ...Now that I think about it, did you ever notice that Alexandra's tail isn't wide at the base? Hmm... We best warn both her and Jal about Alexi soon, and ask her about her tail.

I'd guess Eliraz is intentionally ignoring you. According to our scan he's still claimed us... Well, our future selves. We probably told him not to interact with anybody with us at this time to keep from mucking things up.
>>
No. 566309 ID: 549d6c
File 139483161708.png - (25.97KB , 900x450 , 24.png )
566309

>I misjudged you, Anna. I'm sorry. Forget I suggested doing that for Vlad. He can find out such things from elsewhere.
What? Oh, no, it’s just… you took me off guard, that’s all… um…
>Hey, Anna, how much you wanna bet that Alexandra's real last name is "Von Zolner" and Alexi wanted to put wanted posters up for her?
Err… he said “he”… last time I checked Alex is a she… and she doesn’t seem like a racist asshole either.
>...Wait. Alexi said "he," didn't he? ...Now that I think about it, did you ever notice that Alexandra's tail isn't wide at the base?
…I’ve never actually seen her tail… she got that cloak on her all the time. Wait, are you suggesting that’s she’s… nah, that can’t be true, can it?

>Please tell me that Prick lord over there has no control over any military forces like the spell blades.
:AndrzejUNB: The Prick lord and his family is rather rich and have private guard force in their employ. It’s completely composed by lizards and, might I say so myself, thugs… but they are untrained and wouldn’t be match against a trained military force like the order. Of course, they do great against their intended targets, that is to say thieves, poor people and other… “undesirables”…
>Hmm, yes, I suppose we can trust this guy enough to tell him our inside information. Let's do it. It's currently important enough to find these guys that we can risk Anna looking crazy.
:AnnaUNB: Um… This is going to sound a bit crazy but… hear me out…



:AnnaUNB: -and she’ll be here any minute requesting a drug raid on that house.
:AndrzejUNB: …you’re right, that did sound crazy… but I’ve already gotten a message from Drina describing exactly what you just said so I guess… I guess I have to take what you said into consideration… how do you even know about this?
:AnnaUNB: Um… I’ll only tell you if either the Archbishop, Drina or Dooriya is here.
:AndrzejUNB: …Very well, I guess I’ll have to call a meeting later today then.



:JalUNB: …So, where is this mysterius mail box, then?
:DrinaUNB: Look, there’s an mailbox right between every house on that street.
:JalUNB: So?
:VladUNB: That includes the last house on the street and the road… on both sides… which means that street have 29 mailboxes but only 28 houses.
:JalUNB: Oh yeah… so… what now? We just wait for him to appear or what?

Insert Everything there is to know about the waiting game_
>>
No. 566311 ID: a87e3a

>>566309
Jal, there's a "Lord" Von Zolner here that wants to put up wanted posters about a lizard, because "He is a threat to the legacy of the Von Zolner family name!". Is this relevant at all to Alexandra's past? If it is, should we do something about it? We may have some resources at our disposal in the future-present that we could use to convince him to stop.

If the lizard in question is Alexandra, you should know we have dealt with gender identity problems in the past and will not judge her. Though I'd also be curious as to how it's possible Alexandra has no facial markings. We did see her without her makeup.
>>
No. 566312 ID: 9ddf68

well you could mingle with the crowd so you don't stand out so much, we could also scan everyone nearby to see if we can find someone called "the dealer"
[scan all those nearby for pawn "the dealer"]
and because that guy in the one stand has a white robe or what I'm going to call a white robe because I don't give a damn about what it really is and all we really know about Brad's kidnapper's are that they wore white robes
[scan the fruit vendor in white]
>>
No. 566315 ID: eb10ea

>that can’t be true, can it?
She said to the near-omnipresent voices in her head.

Try to blend in; shop around, and maybe ask that vendor on the left about news from the Serath desert.
>>
No. 566318 ID: 549d6c
File 139483532644.png - (25.65KB , 900x450 , 25.png )
566318

>[scan all those nearby for pawn "the dealer"]
[Targets found: Neutral creature (Neutral): Civilian. Neutral creature (Neutral): Merchant. Neutral creature (Friendly): Paladin.]
>[scan the fruit vendor in white]
[Neutral creature(Neutral): Serath Merchant.]

>Jal, there's a "Lord" Von Zolner here tha-
:JalUNB: WHAT!? SHIT!! I mean… err…
:VladUNB: Shit what?
>Is this relevant at all to Alexandra's past? If it is, should we do something about it?
:JalUNB: (They can’t have… they are probably just searching in all the cities nearby and… um… next time you talk to Alex warn her to keep her head down, alright?)
>If the lizard in question is Alexandra, you should know we have dealt with gender identity problems in the past and will not judge her.
:JalUNB: (That’s… that’s her thing to talk about, alright?)

>Try to blend in; shop around, and maybe ask that vendor on the left about news from the Serath desert.
:UnknownKAK: Greetings friends! I have many exotics goods for sell. Real cheap!
:VladUNB: Actually, I was wondering if you had any news of your homeland, the Serath desert?
:UnknownKAK: Desert? Nono, no desert. Big tree. Many big tree. Like march to the south. And new sultan. Real pretty. Real nice. Real good. She make peace with savage people. Very good, yes? Now, you want to buy? I got lots of tasty stuff. Here, dried apricots, try one! Real cheap!
:JalUNB: Don’t mind if I do!
:UnknownKAK: And you, lizard, how about some Choco bean square for lady friend behind you? Real good gift, yes? Will make sure you get bed fun tonight, I guarantee, yes?
:VladUNB: Err… she isn’t my lady friend…
:UnknownKAK: Oh? Shy? I see how she looks at you, friend. You should ask, and then give Choco bean square, yes?
:JalUNB: Mmm… these things are good… I think I’ll buy a bag!
:UnknownKAK: Thank you, come again~
:DrinaUNB: …guys, a blond guy just walked up to the mailbox.

Insert Eat Choco Bean Squares or be a square!_
>>
No. 566322 ID: a87e3a

>>566318
Watch him for now. We'll confirm that's the target first. Upon confirmation you can just grab him I guess.
[scan blonde guy at mailbox]

Vlad fyi, Drina's not interested in guys. So the merchant was lying or imagining things.

...looks like more details are being confirmed. The Desert is a marsh again, and Elizah made peace with the tribals as we planned.
>>
No. 566323 ID: d0e0a2

Vlad, ask the merchant if he has white chocolate and buy some if he does. That'll be Alexandra's gift. ...And buy the choco bean squares for yourself. They sound good.

Okay, we'll try to scan the guy from here to see if he has Justin's pawn-name "The Dealer:" [Scan blond guy at mailbox; Echo command output to local allied pawns] But if that doesn't work one of you needs to get within about forty meters of him so we can see and scan him. Jal, we're gonna need Vlad and Drina to get into position to box him in, so that means you're the one to approach.

Vlad, Drina, split up and take alleys and back routes to get into position to cover the ends of the street. Stay out of sight and hang back whenever possible.

Whenever you see Justin keep thinking at us what he's doing and where he's going and we'll relay that to the rest of the team.

Drina, FYI, we jumped to Brad after leaving you earlier. Had a chat with his kidnappers. Dropped Justin's name and it turns out they're the ones who broke into the toll office. The 1.5 kilo discrepancy is a cyan stone with unidentified powerful magic that they said the cultists will pay a fortune for. This also means the stone was supposed to get to the vacant house, so things there could not be what they seem. Also means we can't let Mr. Case get away. He knows where the stone came from and who paid to have it delivered.

>>566322
I think it's a jungle now, like it was before it turned to desert. Maybe the game had a biome error that was fixed. That'd explain why metal was rusting in the Serath desert like it was a jungle.
>>
No. 566324 ID: 9ddf68

so should we just bust the guy or should we trial him and see where he goes? I mean the guy was the one that got robed(even if he is a drug dealer) so I don't really think he'll know where brad is... but at the same time he might know something about those who took him. But at the same time we're all in the order (excepts for Jal but he does support it) so if there's a chance we could stop the town's whole drug operation I think it could be very useful to tale this guy... If he's the dealer that is, I mean you did say there are a lot of blonds around these parts.
>>
No. 566327 ID: 549d6c
File 139484182292.png - (25.83KB , 900x450 , 26.png )
566327

>[scan blonde guy at mailbox]
[Unclaimed Pawn “The Dealer”. You are already at maximum pawn capacity!]

>Vlad fyi, Drina's not interested in guys. So the merchant was lying or imagining things.
:VladUNB: (Um… okay… I wasn’t really asking but… err… right…)
>Vlad, ask the merchant if he has white chocolate and buy some if he does.
:UnknownKAK: Ah, you mean white Choco bean square? For girlfriend, yes? Let me put it in cute package.
:JalUNB: …um… I’m pretty sure you mean cacao beans?
:UnknownKAK: That what I say, yes? Here, gift for girlfriend. Thank you, come again~
>Drina, FYI, we jumped to Brad after leaving you earlier. Had a chat with his kidnappers. Dropped Justin's name and it turns out they're the ones who broke into the toll office.
:DrinaUNB: (Really? That would explain some things, yes…)

>So should we just bust the guy or should we trial him and see where he goes?
:DrinaUNB: Right, we’re tracking this Justin Case just in case he leads us to something… interesting. Now, here’s the plan. Me and Vlad will split up and follow the alleys on bo-
*BOOM!!*
:DrinaUNB: …and he just blow up, didn’t he?
:VladUNB: The mailbox just blow up, yes…
:UnknownKAK: BY THE GODS! What’s happening!?
:UnknownKAK: Someone set us up the bomb!
:UnknownKAK: Learn to speak Järgiska, you foreign freak! Go back to your dead wife in your stinking desert!
:UnknownKAK: ‘oy, laddie, don’t make me smash your bloody ‘ead, ya racist git!
:UnknownKAK: You wouldn’t dare, you ginger freak!
:UnknownKAK: What did you call my friend, little man!?
:UnknownKAK: Why won’t anyone think of the children!
:PaladinUNB: Calm down, people, everything is under control!
:JalUNB: Aahh… the complete lack of concern from the onlookers for an explosion… how I’ve missed you.
:PaladinUNB: He’s dead… ID says he was called “Justin Case”…
:PaladinUNB: Ha! His parent’s must have hated him.

Insert Expecting panic? TO BAD, RACIAL SLUR TIME!_
>>
No. 566332 ID: a87e3a

>>566327
Shit, Brad's kidnappers just tied up a loose end. I think we'd better check to see if there's anything left of the mailbox. Also if there's anything resembling a corpse we may be able to get it reanimated which would let us find out from Justin what's going on.
>>
No. 566334 ID: 9ddf68

...well shit, competent kidnappers, almost makes me wish Brad was kidnapped by sex crazy cultist as they're usually shit at covering there tracks.

Oh well nothing we can do about it. check the body and see if there's anything we can use to find out who he really was. Also anyone know of anywhere in town where someone could pick up some things to make a bomb? could be worth asking around there to see if we can't come up with some more leads since right now our only lead left is the drug house, which I would not be surprised at all to find it's been burned down before we could do the raid on it.
>>
No. 566340 ID: d0e0a2

...Dammit. Can't ever be easy, can it? Vlad, you aren't gonna lose your lunch, are you?

Drina, go over to the guardsmen and tell them Mr. Case was connected to your investigation of the toll office break in. Then bag everything from his corpse's pockets. There might be a key or a clue to where he's staying we can follow. Oh, and ask what time the mail is delivered on this street. The bomb will have had to have been planted after then.

Jal, get a whiff of the explosives' smoke and examine the residue. Can you tell us if it was an improvised from ingredients easy to get in town or if it's something harder to get? Or is this outside your area of expertise? Well, whichever way I'd say it was made by somebody skilled in bomb making since it only killed Justin and didn't so much as injure anybody else.

I don't think this bomb was from Brad's kidnappers. It adds unneeded complexity and risk to kill Justin, especially this way, and there's no benefit to it. Not like he could go to the Order and report that the illicit goods he was smuggling were stolen, right? Right. Instead I think this bomb came from whoever hired Justin to smuggle the stone in. Either to tie up loose ends or as punishment for failing to deliver it. But I could be wrong. We'll ask the kidnappers next time we jump to Brad.

Jal, I take it you came from somewhere random explosions on the street are not uncommon, yes?

Hmm... This reminds me: Nine months ago when we were in the Serath we heard there was some civil war going on up in the Northlands. Might have been among just the vildmen, but I'm not sure. What was that about?

And there's something else I forgot to ask about: The desert tribe's horde had Vildmen in their ranks back then, which is very odd. We heard they were a "gift" from vild männens kung to warlord Mor'Kay because she made some kind of alliance with "the giants of the north." So who is this person Mor'Kay allied with?
>>
No. 566385 ID: 549d6c
File 139490206209.png - (25.01KB , 900x450 , 27.png )
566385

>Vlad, you aren't gonna lose your lunch, are you?
:VladUNB: (Huh? Why would I- I’ve seen blood and guts before, you know… besides, it’s not that gruesome. The explosion wasn’t very big, after all.)
>Jal, I take it you came from somewhere random explosions on the street are not uncommon, yes?
:JalUNB: (Well, I did spend a lot of time in alchemy school.)
>Nine months ago when we were in the Serath we heard there was some civil war going on up in the Northlands. Might have been among just the vildmen, but I'm not sure. What was that about?
:JalUNB: (Oh, I’ve heard about that. In Vildmännens country there was a civil war going, yes. Something about a new king trying to dispose of the old… I think he said something about hearing the voices of the gods or something… anyway, the new king won and suddenly those giants have a new leader, the end. Don’t have any more details then that, sorry.)
>The desert tribe's horde had Vildmen in their ranks back then, which is very odd. We heard they were a "gift" from vild männens kung to warlord Mor'Kay because she made some kind of alliance with "the giants of the north." So who is this person Mor'Kay allied with?
:JalUNB: (Hard to say… probably the New king… though I can’t imagine how those desert tribes would help the giants take down their old king.)
>Jal, get a whiff of the explosives' smoke and examine the residue.
:JalUNB: (That’s a bit… outside my expertise. What I can tell is that going by the size of explosion; it was either homemade by amateurs or accidental. I mean, if I would make a bomb the explosion would be way bigger… That Justin fella only died because he was unlucky, getting that mailbox piece lodged in his head.)
>We may be able to get him reanimated.
:DrinaUNB: First off, we don’t have a lot of necromancers with that kind of skill up here. Second, he got a metal slab lodged in his head thanks to the mailbox, so his brain is probably completely gone. Otherwise… hmmm… the explosion itself didn’t even touch him if you don’t count the fragments from the mailbox, even though he was standing right next to it.
>Ask what time the mail is delivered on this street.
:PaladinUNB: The mailman was delivering mail just ten minutes ago, ma’am.

>Bag everything from his corpse's pockets.
:DrinaUNB: Let’s see… A pair of unmarked keys, a wallet with some coins in it, a few dried apricots… oh, a note saying: “4 x Night Tree Ten Birds Each. 4 x Liquids Combo Five Birds Each. 4 x Liquid Mushroom Five Birds Each. Leave at usual place. – J.C” …the hell does that mean?
:PaladinUNB: Ma’am, we’ve found a lot of broken glass around the mailbox… and… something brown?
:PaladinUNB: It’s pieces of corks. Look, I found a whole one!
:DrinaUNB: Glass… cork… weird letter… hmm….

:JalUNB: I would go with this… it really brings out your eyes.
:UnknownKAK: You really think so? …wait, who are you?
:JalUNB: Oh, just an admirer… I just have to ask, would you hold it against me if I told you that you had a beautiful body?
:UnknownKAK: …get lost, creep.
:JalUNB: …worth a try…

Insert It would look even better on my bedroom floor, hun._
>>
No. 566387 ID: a87e3a

>>566385
Sounds like there were a bunch of potions in the mailbox. Ask Jal if any of the stuff described in the note is explosive.

Jal, are you looking for a relationship at all? We could try to help you if you want something long term but if it's just a quick bang then it'll be pretty low priority for us. How long has it been since you've gotten any, anyway?
>>
No. 566390 ID: 9ddf68

well the letter sounds like a drug list JC here was dropping off so I'm guess this mailbox was a simple drop off zone for the drug operation.

As for the glass and cork... it sound like there was a flask in there. Not sure if that was what went boom or it was something just caught in the blast. I mean yeah it isn't that hard to put something explodey into a flask, hell we've seen Jal do it when he was fighting off zombies earlier, but how the hell do you get a flask to explode when you want it to? I mean they could have wired it so there was a string or something that would remove the cork when you opened the mailbox and the chemicals in the flask react violently when mixed with air. It could have already been in the middle of a chemical reaction and was more of a time bomb then anything meant to destroy evidence more so then kill someone, I mean how the hell would you be sure someone would be in front of the mailbox right when it explodes and that it would even by your guy. Or maybe magic of some kind.

And the explosion itself, You said it was a low blast so whoever made it probably didn't want anyone else nearby to get hit by the blast. But the bomb itself almost sounds like a shrapnel bomb, a bomb where the explosion isn't meant to kill you, whatever the explosion picks up and throws around is (like the mailbox). But if it's the first one then I don't think it was meant to kill JC actually, just erase evidence and JC was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. If it was the second one then JC was really unlucky that he was hit or all the people around him were just lucky not to get hit.
>>
No. 566391 ID: dbe554

Eh, perverts and long term. We don't care either way, though it might help if you could focus a bit more.
>>
No. 566392 ID: d0e0a2

From the note, and the timing after the mailman left, I'd say Mr. Case was making a drug drop for somebody in this mailbox. Did any of you see him carrying bottles or putting things into the mailbox?

"Night Tree" sounds like it could be "moon leaves;" Perhaps some form of liquid extract of them? Jal, is that possible? "Liquid mushroom" could be what Jal said is concocted from those mushrooms from the vacant house. Dunno what "liquids combo" could be. Maybe a combination of the two? Could that be explosive?

Jal, take a look at that brown stuff the guardsman found. Can you ID it? Take some of the larger glass bottle fragments and sniff what was the inside to try and ID what was in them too. Better bag all the glass as well for later lab analysis to confirm their former contents.

...And Jal, how do you ever get laid? 'Cause with the ladies you're about as smooth as sandpaper.

From that "voices of the gods" thing I'm pretty sure the new Vildmännens king is a player's piece. Could be Red's, same as Mor'Kay, or Red made an alliance with the new king's player back then. Might be important if Red is still kicking around.
>>
No. 566399 ID: 549d6c
File 139490986698.png - (25.48KB , 900x450 , 28.png )
566399

>Jal, are you looking for a relationship at all?
:JalUNB: (Of course not. I’m a free man for now, baby. The only thing I’m looking for is a narrow hole for my one eyed snake to bury into and lay its eggs for the night.)
>How long has it been since you've gotten any, anyway?
:JalUNB: (Hmmm… about a week. Visit and old friend right before I started the journey here. Of course, I would have gotten some yesterday but Anna never showed up… dunno if she forgot or if something came up but she should at least have said something… quite rude, if you ask me.)
>...And Jal, how do you ever get laid? 'Cause with the ladies you're about as smooth as sandpaper.
:JalUNB: (Might not be the smoothest fellow but I do have good looks and lots of coin. And besides, Alcohol has always been the great equalizer, hasn’t it?)

>Ask Jal if any of the stuff described in the note is explosive.
:JalUNB: Sounds like a bunch of gibberish to me.
>well the letter sounds like a drug list JC here was dropping off so I'm guess this mailbox was a simple drop off zone for the drug operation.
:DrinaUNB: Hmmm… that would explain the note, yes. He was probably on his way to pick up the stuff in the mailbox and then leave the note for his next order.
>Did any of you see him carrying bottles or putting things into the mailbox?
:DrinaUNB: He wasn’t carrying anything.
>"Night Tree" sounds like it could be "moon leaves”.
:DrinaUNB: …that would work, yes.
>"Liquid mushroom" could be what Jal said is concocted from those mushrooms from the vacant house.
:JalUNB: Hmm… there’s also the possibility it’s the liquid you’re supposed to boil the shrooms in to make the drug.
>Dunno what "liquids combo" could be.
:JalUNB: As everything else was a drug I’m guessing a pure chemical drug of some kind.

>Jal, take a look at that brown stuff the guardsman found. Can you ID it?
:JalUNB: It’s pieces of Cork, just like the- wait… is that… moon leaves? There’s a bunch of those leaves spread all around the mailbox.
:DrinaUNB: Make sense if there was a package of moon leaves in there.
>Take some of the larger glass bottle fragments and sniff what was the inside to try and ID what was in them too.
:JalUNB: Hmm… hard to say… there’s at least five different liquids here… and going by the markings on some of the glass they were marked 1-4 and the last one being some kind of… mushroom, I think? I’m not sure, I’ve only found a 1 and a 3 so far. Oh, and the mushroom.
:DrinaUNB: And the liquids?
:JalUNB: I can’t really say. Chemicals of some kind.
:DrinaUNB: Paladins, take samples from everything here and deliver it to our labs as soon as possible.
:PaladinUNB: Yes sir!

Insert It’s more dangerous than a one eyed snake!_
>>
No. 566402 ID: a87e3a

>>566399
Oh hey it's Lord Douchebag showing off a painting of the mystery lizard. Is that legal, considering he was told he can't put up wanted posters?
>>
No. 566404 ID: eb10ea

Hey Jal, does that wanted poster look familiar? because if it does, I have a sneaking suspicion we'll need to get back to base before Alex finishes her lunch.
>>
No. 566405 ID: 9ddf68

he the prick lord is showing posters of the lizard he wants around, so Jal if you don't want him seeing you just keep walking somewhere other then you just were. Knew this guy was going to be a stick up our ass.
>>
No. 566407 ID: d0e0a2

Well, looks like we're done here. The only thing I can think of to do next is hunt down the locks Mr. Case's keys go to. One of them is probably to wherever he lives, so low rent apartments and boarding houses would be the first place to check. The other might be to wherever he cooks the drugs up. Jal, how smelly would you guess cooking this junk up is? There might be an odor complaint we could follow, or check out locations that are always smelly to look for his "kitchen."

Jal, don't look, but Alexi Von Zolner and his goon squad are in the market right now, showing around a poster of the lizard they're looking for. The lizard on the poster is male and looks a lot like Alexi... Same eye color as Alexandra too... Anyway. Jal, I'd suggest you take a circuitous route back to the lab right now to avoid Alexi possibly spotting you. Get on the samples taken from here as soon as they arrive.

Vlad, walk through the market past Alexi. He'll almost certainly get your attention and show you the poster as you go by. Stop and get a good look at it and ask who's this person he's looking for and what they did, and if there's a reward for info leading to him. Just don't sound too interested, otherwise he might get the idea you know something. We'd ask Drina to do this, but Alexi dispises "filthy insects."

We'll get back to Alexandra and give her a heads up right after you're done here, Vlad.
>>
No. 566408 ID: 549d6c
File 139491413494.png - (15.66KB , 900x450 , 29.png )
566408

>Oh hey it's Lord Douchebag showing off a painting of the mystery lizard. Is that legal, considering he was told he can't put up wanted posters?
:DrinaUNB: (That’s not a wanted poster. It’s not illegal to ask about people, after all.)
>Hey Jal, does that wanted poster look familiar?
:JalUNB: Err… of c-course not.
:DrinaUNB: No offence, but all you lizards looks the same to me.
:VladUNB: Hmm… I dunno. It looks kind of like the guy holding it, so I guess they are family? But… I can’t shake the feeling I’ve seen that guy on the poster somewhere before.
>Jal if you don't want him seeing you just keep walking somewhere other than you just were.
:JalUNB: Um… I’ll head for the inn, alright? We’re done here after all, right?
:DrinaUNB: …Jal, tell me, why are you so afraid of them?
:JalUNB: Oh… um… no reason? I just need a drink, that’s all.

>Vlad, walk through the market past Alexi. He'll almost certainly get your attention and show you the poster as you go by.
:UnknownKAK: Sir, what if she already left the country, sir?
:UnknownKAK: Father told me to search this city, so I’ll turn over every rock here before I give up. I will find my brother and I will take him back home. Now shut up, someone is coming. Excuse me, sir, You don’t happen to have seen my dear beloved brother, have you?
:VladUNB: …I can’t say I have. Why are you looking for him?
:UnknownKAK: He has simply gotten lost and we need to find him again. Are you sure you haven’t seen anything?
:VladUNB: …I’m sure… so, is there a reward for this or something?
:UnknownKAK: Of course there’s a reward, my good sir, we’ll reward you with fine coin for any information that help us find him.
:VladUNB: Well, I guess I’ll keep my eyes peeled then.
:UnknownKAK: Thank you for your time.

>We'll get back to Alexandra and give her a heads up right after you're done here, Vlad.
:AlexUNB: Hum hum~

…where’s Anna gotten off to? Our lunch break is ending any minute now…

Insert Too tired to written an Insert_
>>
No. 566410 ID: a87e3a

>>566408
Alexandra we have some terrible news. "Lord" Von Zolner is in town. Don't freak out, please. You just need to keep your head down. I doubt anyone will recognize you, since he's looking for a male lizard, facial markings and all. Which you don't have.
>>
No. 566424 ID: eb10ea

*sigh* how shall we put this...

A guy named "Alexi Von Zolner" is looking for someone he says is a relative. When Jal learned of this, he told us to warn you to keep your head down. The implications are not lost on us. Under other circumstances we wouldn't give a damn about anyone's checkered past, but Alexi said he would turn over every rock in the city before he gives up. Now, we'd rather you not get carted off by a bunch of supremacists, so could you please work with us on this?
>>
No. 566427 ID: c9e1f1

>>566426
You're gonna freak her out even more if you tell her we saw her naked.
>>
No. 566428 ID: d0e0a2

*beep*
Alexandra, I think I know where Anna is. We had her spill everything we knew about Brad's kidnapping and the toll office break in to Andrzej. Also had her say she'd only reveal her source in front of the Archbishop, Dooriya, or Drina so they could corroborate we exist and are the source. He said he was going to arrange a meeting for that later today, so I assume Anna is still with him. However, we'll switch to her and confirm it after we're done here. You could also ask the instructors if they got any notice about Anna being delayed.

Now, keep calm for what I'm about to tell you... Alexi Von Zolner is in town and looking for somebody. We first saw him hassling Andrzej to allow him to put up posters of who he's looking for. We then brought it up with Jal and he nearly freaked out; Told us to tell you as soon as we could. Which is odd considering the poster Alexi is showing around town is of a male lizard he said is his brother. ...And he and the poster happens to have the same eye color as you.

You should also know we overheard Alexi say that his father told him to search this specific city, and he's not going to give up until he's turned over every rock in it. Needless to say, he's going to be here for awhile. If he's staying at the inn you and Jal might have to move into the barracks to avoid him.
>>
No. 566429 ID: 549d6c
File 139492227146.png - (14.81KB , 900x450 , 30.png )
566429

>Alexandra, I think I know where Anna is. We had her spill everything we knew about Brad's kidnapping and the toll office break in to Andrzej.
Oh, great, so they hauled her off to an insane asylum, then?
>Had her say she'd only reveal her source in front of the Archbishop, Dooriya, or Drina so they could corroborate we exist and are the source. He said he was going to arrange a meeting for that later today, so I assume Anna is still with him.
Hmmm… well, that might actually make him believe her…

>*sigh* how shall we put this... a guy named "Alexi Vo-
NO!!!NONONONONONO!!!
>Which is odd considering the poster Alexi is showing around town is of a male lizard he said is his brother. ...And he and the poster happens to have the same eye color as you.
I’MNOTGOINGBACKI’MNOTGOINGBACKI’MNOTGOINGBACKI’MNOTGOINGBACK
>You should also know we overheard Alexi say that his father told him to search this specific city, and he's not going to give up until he's turned over every rock in it.
*Sob*…

:PaladinUNB: Um… Alexandra? Are you alright?

Insert Blue screen of death_
>>
No. 566436 ID: 9b786b

>>566429
Alexandra, we will do everything we can to keep you from him. Even if we have to kill him. Calm down. It's gonna be okay.

Also, you should know that there are ways to make you look prettier, if that is what you really want. Enchantments, necromancy... We have access to that. Please, have hope.
>>
No. 566445 ID: d0e0a2

Alexandra, focus on our voice! We will not let you be taken back! We will do everything in our power to keep that from happening! You have our word that you will be safe.

Now, we need you to stop drawing attention to yourself right away. Drawing attention is bad! Anything that draws attention may get back to Alexi. Stand up, compose yourself, tell the instructor you're fine, and continue on as normal. Keep that facade up. The facade is your shield.

It might help us to help you if we knew the backstory here; Who you are, what happened to you and why your family is so intent on finding you. But if you are not comfortable with telling us yet it's not necessary. However, we do need to know everything you know about Alexi. We already know he's a lizard supremest asshole, but what else is there? Knowing that will help us figure out how to keep him away from you.

We also need to know everything you brought with you that Alexi or anyone he brought with him might recognize as yours. Same goes for anything Jal brought. And will any of them recognize Jal?

There is one "rock" in this city that Alexi has already turned over you could hide under: The cathedral. Once training is over find someplace in it that's out of the way and hide there.

Try to avoid interaction with other lizards. Alexi won't approach non-lizards with his poster, and non-lizards also have a tough time telling lizards apart, especially females. That'll protect you.

We'll have to find out where Alexi is staying in town. If it's at the inn then you can't go back there. Jal's there so we'll switch over to him once we're done here and have him ask Sten if Alexi checked in.
>>
No. 566451 ID: eb10ea

I think they're staying in private quarters in the (what is this place? temple? compound?); at least that's what we overheard from the west wing. You should be safe in your room in the Inn if you have someone to answer the door for you. Jal is already headed there now; you should get there as soon as you can. Stay away from main roads if you can help it, and try to be discreet.

Would you rather we stay with you or should we tell Jal where you are?
>>
No. 566458 ID: d0e0a2

>>566451
Oh, geez, you're right. I forgot that Andrzej said Alexi was given a private chamber in the cathedral to stay in. We'll need to find out where that is ASAP.

But even if they're not staying at the inn, the tavern attached to it will be a big problem. It's a major congregation place, so Alexi will likely go there more than once to show the poster around to the locals and travelers.

Alexandra, with Alexi and his goons roaming who knows where in the city, right now the best place for you to be is here in the cathedral compound. Finish your training for the day, then hide, wait until they return and head up to Alexi's chambers, then head back to the inn. If anything changes in that plan we'll jump back to you.
>>
No. 566539 ID: 549d6c
File 139497875709.png - (16.24KB , 900x450 , 31.png )
566539

>Alexandra, we will do everything we can to keep you from him. Even if we have to kill him. Calm down. It's gonna be okay.
C-calm… calm down… calm down… everything will be alright…
>Now, we need you to stop drawing attention to yourself right away. Stand up, compose yourself, tell the instructor you're fine, and continue on as normal.
T-that’s not the instructor. That’s another recruit… um… Malus or Magnus or something… we usually just call him farm boy.
:AlexUNB: I’m fine… really… no need to worry.
:PaladinUNB: …if there is anything you need then we’re here for you, alright?
:AlexUNB: Err… thank you?

>It might help us to help you if we knew the backstory here; Who you are, what happened to you and why your family is so intent on finding you.
I…I… I guess you have the right to know. Just… d-don’t tell anyone, alright? My name is… Alexander Von Zolner and… I’m a man… a man born without markings. My family is a bit strict so… so when I fell in love with another man they… they tried to beat it out of me. The same thing they did when they found me wearing women’s clothing… or tolerating non-lizards. Then… one day… I overheard a conversation my father had. He had grown tired of my “Shameful” ways so he was… he was… he was planning of murdering me and then frame some poor people he didn’t like… so I ran… I ran and didn’t look back.
>However, we do need to know everything you know about Alexi. We already know he's a lizard Supremacist asshole, but what else is there?
He’s… father’s favorite son and does whatever father tells him to do… He has a giant ego but neither the smarts nor the skill to back it up. He’s mostly bark and no bite… at least, as long as the other dog can bite back, that is.
>Will any of them recognize Jal?
I… I don’t think so… they would beat me if they ever saw me hanging out with him in the open so…
>We also need to know everything you brought with you that Alexi or anyone he brought with him might recognize as yours.
The only thing I have left that’s originally ours is some coin and some of my cosmetics. I don’t think they’ll recognize any of it.
>I think they're staying in private quarters in the Cathedral. You should be safe in your room in the Inn if you have someone to answer the door for you.
I’m kind of sharing my room with Jal so… well, I’m sharing the hall between the rooms but it’s on that door you knock so…
>But even if they're not staying at the inn, the tavern attached to it will be a big problem.
Then I’ll keep away from the tavern.

>Alexandra, with Alexi and his goons roaming who knows where in the city, right now the best place for you to be is here in the cathedral compound.
…maybe you’re right. I’ll probably be safe he-

:UnknownKAK: Excuse me, have you seen this lizard? His name is Alexander Von Zolner.
:AlexUNB: (…oh, are you fucking kidding me!?)

Insert Do not tempt fate_
>>
No. 566545 ID: 9ddf68

how well trained are your families guards? from what I hear they're nothing more then thugs in a shiner wrapper.

But for what to do just do what the others are doing, don't try to stand out, if they ask you if you seen the guy on the poster say sorry but you haven't. Just answer his questions without giving yourself away and don't stutter as that could tip them off.
>>
No. 566550 ID: a97618

>he’s walking away chatting with that stone lizard guy
Gal, actually. Artemis. She might be easier to approach than the prince, actually. Since there's more likely going to be times you can find her not surrounded by guards. Plus that might allow us to get back in contact with Pink.

>so they hauled her off to an insane asylum, then?
Nah, we gave them some stuff that could actually be corroborated, too.

>Will any of them recognize Jal?
Considering they can barely stand to acknowledge non-lizards, I doubt it.

>backstory
So... just to be clear then: are you wearing women's clothes for the disguise, because you like to, or because you identify as female? No judging here, just like to be sure I have my pronouns right.

>Excuse me, have you seen this lizard? His name is Alexander Von Zolner.
Best play might be just to bluff, hard. No, we haven't seen anyone like that. Especially if these guards are dopes, or were hired after you left (how long have you been gone?) and/or haven't been fully briefed on your situation.
>>
No. 566553 ID: d0e0a2

...Dammit. ...Wait a sec. Alexi isn't here, so this might actually work in our favor. He's the only one who'd know you don't have markings. These thugs definitely wouldn't have been told that, so they won't be looking closely at females. You play this right and pass off as female and they'll mark off the recruits as checked, making this a relatively safer area for you to be.

It's imperative you be Alexandra now. You have to act just like she would. Put on that persona, walk next to "farm boy" as if nothing is wrong, look over the poster, and say "nope, haven't seen him" right to the thugs' faces. You've got nothing to fear since you're Alexandra.

And don't you worry about us blabbing. Though I can't say we won't eventually tell, but if we do it'll be long, long after you're dead and gone.

If you don't mind me asking, how do you mask your male scent? We know you wear a strongly strawberry scented perfume, but it wasn't available after your bath yesterday. So how did Vlad not notice your scent? Was it just that you didn't have any scent because you'd recently taken a bath or something else?
>>
No. 566559 ID: 549d6c
File 139499246666.png - (15.01KB , 900x450 , 32.png )
566559

>Just to be clear then: are you wearing women's clothes for the disguise, because you like to, or because you identify as female?
Um… I feel beautiful and graceful wearing a dress… and I like it when people call me lady…
>How long have you been gone?
Just a few days. I left about a day after Jal left.
>If you don't mind me asking, how do you mask your male scent? We know you wear a strongly strawberry scented perfume, but it wasn't available after your bath yesterday. So how did Vlad not notice your scent?
Um… I used a bunch of that thing humans uses in their hair. It smelled like honey so it was good enough to match my sent when I didn’t have my usual stuff. Oh, and my clothes smell of strawberry too… just in case…

>Do what the others are doing, don't try to stand out, if they ask you if you seen the guy on the poster say sorry but you haven't.
:PaladinUNB: I can’t say I have…
:UnknownKAK: Hmmm… I don’t think so.
:UnknownKAK: You there, the bit- lady in the back?
:AlexUNB: I’m sorry, I haven’t.
:UnknownKAK: Aw man… we’ve been asking around all day and no one has seen the freak!
:UnknownKAK: Um… actually, I think I recognize him now…
:PaladinUNB: Err… a-are you sure?
:UnknownKAK: Yes… I think I saw him down at the tavern…
:UnknownKAK: …you mean “Hård’s Ale and bedding”?
:UnknownKAK: No, the one that’s… err… that’s on the other side of town.
:PaladinUNB: …OH! You mean “The crippled spider”! Yes, now when you mention it, I think I saw him in there too!
:UnknownKAK: …did you hear that!? We finally got something! Let’s report this to Lord Alexi at once!
:UnknownKAK: I knew that the freak would be in the poor district with the other freaks. I don’t know why we even bothered looking around here in the nicer part of town.

:PaladinUNB: …so… Alexander?
:UnknownKAK: …you’re a dude?
:PaladinUNB: May we ask why those thugs were looking for you, Alexandra?
:UnknownKAK: Holy shit… you’re a fucking dude! I can’t… not to judge but… um… and not that’s there anything wrong with that but… Aw man… I was fantasizing about her yesterday and now she got a penis!?
:PaladinUNB: …We really didn’t need to know that.
:UnknownKAK: Y-you heard!? I mean… err… I didn’t say anything! Nothing at all!

Insert It’s like I’m wearing nothing at all… nothing at all… nothing at all_
>>
No. 566563 ID: 9ddf68

it's up to you if you want to tell them but as you can see you do have friends here, and we'll all look out for you... speaking of which we really hope we got some more news on Brad. We really dropped the ball on that one.
>>
No. 566574 ID: 9b786b

>>566559
Remind me why you have self-esteem issues again? All the guys seem to think you're smoking hot.

Tell them if they find you your father will kill you. That should be enough of an explanation.
>>
No. 566580 ID: a97618

>I feel beautiful and graceful wearing a dress, I like it when people call me lady
Fair enough.

>May we ask why those thugs were looking for you, Alexandra?
...leave it at me family is kind of really terrible and I'd rather not be found by them. They... don't really approve of who I am. At all. Thanks for covering for me.
>>
No. 566593 ID: d0e0a2

Shush them both; Especially the priest. We really don't want them talking out loud about this. You never know who might hear. Keep it to whispers.

Thank them greatly, then I think you can tell them a bit of the truth. Say that your father was planning to murder you, and that those men, and anyone sharing their raiment, are his goons. Gesture to yourself and say you had to take drastic measures to hide from him. They don't have to know that you actually prefer being female.

Give the priest a Look for speaking that comment out loud, but thank him for confirming that your disguise is working that well.

Ask if you can count on them to help keep your disguise up by still treating you as if you were "Alexandra." And maybe ask if they might keep an eye out for the comings and goings of your father's goons for you; Especially Alexi. Knowing when he enters and exits the cathedral compound would be great.

And tell them you'll tell Sten to put their next order there on your tab as extra thanks for them covering for you today. You just need to get their names for that.

Um... It's probably not the time to bring it up, Alexandra, but... There is a way you could have real female parts. The Serathians have a new necromancy operation that can attach and reanimate parts from other people. We knew someone who was in the experimental phase of its development who successfully went from female to male using it. So, that's something you can look into if you want that badly enough.
>>
No. 566594 ID: 549d6c
File 139500020203.png - (15.70KB , 900x450 , 33.png )
566594

>Remind me why you have self-esteem issues again? All the guys seem to think you're smoking hot.
Being called a freak and beaten by people that are supposed to love you does that to you… and it’s the makeup. Without it I still look like man… a girlish man without markings, but a man none the less.
>It's up to you if you want to tell them
:AlexUNB: …why?
:PaladinUNB: Because you’re our sister in this brotherhood?
:UnknownKAK: Besides, those Von Zolner guys are fucking assholes!
:PaladinUNB: Oh, yeah, that too. They are rather… rowdy bunch. I still remember one of them spiting me in the face when I was smaller…
:AlexUNB: …well, there you have it. They are looking for me because they are assholes. They don’t like who I am so they rather see me dead.
:PaladinUNB: …they’ll do that to one of their own blood?
:UnknownKAK: They are psychopaths. Don’t questing their insane logic.
:AlexUNB: …thank you… for covering for me…
:PaladinUNB: Don’t mention it. It was the right thing to do. That’s what being a paladin is all about, after all.
:UnknownKAK: And fucking with assholes.
>Give the priest a Look for speaking that comment out loud, but thank him for confirming that your disguise is working that well.
:UnknownKAK: Err… right… no problem… not at… all… no… heh…
>Ask if you can count on them to help keep your disguise up by still treating you as if you were "Alexandra."
:PaladinUNB: Of course, you are whoever you want to be.
>Maybe ask if they might keep an eye out for the comings and goings of your father's goons for you; Especially Alexi.
:PaladinUNB: Well, we usually don’t hang out at that part of the cathedral but…
:UnknownKAK: Hey, anything for messing with those bastards. We’ll tell you if we see anything.
>Tell them you'll tell Sten to put their next order there on your tab as extra thanks for them covering for you today. You just need to get their names for that.
:MagnusUNB: Magnus Eklöv, and a free drink is always welcome.
:NikolayUNB: Nikolay Popov… we really need to do you more favors, honey.

>Speaking of which we really hope we got some more news on Brad. We really dropped the ball on that one.
:AnnaUNB: Alex! Hey! Drina wants to see you. You’re going a special mission… something about Brad.
:AlexUNB: Oh, hello Anna… um… a mission? For us?
:AnnaUNB: …no, for you. They said I still need more combat training before I see any missions… and… and I agree… um… anyway… err… nice tail?
:AlexUNB: …what do you mean?
:AnnaUNB: Err… well… um… never mind…
:AlexUNB: …Anna, what’s wrong?
:AnnaUNB: Nothing, honest!

Insert FUCK FUCKING FUCKELY FUCK FUCK FUCK!_
>>
No. 566595 ID: 9ddf68

Anna, tell us, we're your friends, we'll help you any way we can... Did you rat out Alex or does Amdrzej think you're crazy? Please tell us so we can help.
>>
No. 566596 ID: 9b786b

>>566594
Oh hey, portraits. [scan those two]

Anna, fill us in please. What prompted this change in behavior?
>>
No. 566597 ID: a97618

>Without it I still look like man… a girlish man without markings, but a man none the less.
That doesn't mean you look hideous without it, though. Maybe you don't look like who you want to be, and you do have the right to decide that, but it doesn't make you ugly.

>err… nice tail?
Haha, smooth, Anna. It's okay, though. Just don't make a big deal out of it.
>>
No. 566611 ID: 549d6c
File 139500398669.png - (14.31KB , 900x450 , 34.png )
566611

>Oh hey, portraits. [scan those two]
[Neutral Creatures (Friendly): Those two guys.]
>That doesn't mean you look hideous without it, though. Maybe you don't look like who you want to be, and you do have the right to decide that, but it doesn't make you ugly.
Well, I think I’m ugly without makeup and that’s final.

>Anna, tell us, we're your friends, we'll help you any way we can...
:AnnaUNB: Oh, it’s nothing. Really…
:AlexUNB: …nice tail?
:AnnaUNB: Well… err… the voices said… um…
:AlexUNB: Oh gods, did they already rat me out!? I just told them a-
:AnnaUNB: Nonono… err… they just commented that your tail is a bit… err… wait, so it’s true? You’re a… um…
:AlexUNB: Yes. Don’t tell anyone, right?
:AnnaUNB: Of course not!
:AlexUNB: Well then, Drina wanted to see me so…



:DooriyaUNB: *Whistling Happily*~
:AndrzejUNB: Drina, the vagabonds you helped arrest have spilled some interesting information. If what they said are to be believed, then they were just a bunch of homeless that Justin Case hired to cook up his drugs.
:DrinaUNB: Err… what does that have to do with Bradford? You said this had something to do with him?
:DooriyaUNB: *Whistling Happily*~
:AndrzejUNB: There’s more. Apparently this Justin have been in an argument with another group of bandits about a certain blue stone.
:DrinaUNB: Blue stone?
:AndrzejUNB: Err… yes, and they also told me they are hanging out in one of the ruins near the city.
:DrinaUNB: So… do you think they got Brad?
:DooriyaUNB: *Whistling Happily*~
:AndrzejUNB: There’s a chance that they do.
:DrinaUNB: Then what are you waiting for? Send out a team and get them.
:AndrzejUNB: Well… they don’t actually know which ruins they are actually in and… well… we are rather low on available personal right now… anyway, that’s why I told you to send for a healer. You, Dooriy- stop whistling, dammit!
:DooriyaUNB: Sorry…
:AndrzejUNB: You, Dooriya, a healer recruit and that savant bowman you have under your command are to scout out a fort nearby to see if they are hiding there. Others will take the other locations. Oh, and one last thing… here, this came addressed to “Bradford’s Master”… I guess it’s for… well… those things…
:DrinaUNB: “Cultist, bring only pawns, releasing the beast, three o’clock?” Written in green ink?
:andrzejUNB: Don’t ask me.

Insert Stop being so damn cryptic, dammit!!_
>>
No. 566612 ID: 9b786b

>>566611
Aha. Dooriya, what happened to make you in such a great mood? Was it the dream you had last night? You should know Steve had a hand in that. Please tell us what he did in your dream- this could be important.

The healer recruit we pick has to be Alexandra. That would mean the group has only our pawns in it, which is what the message is about. What time is it? 3 o'clock could mean a specific time, or it could refer to the ruin east of the city.
>>
No. 566618 ID: a97618

>“Cultist, bring only pawns, releasing the beast, three o’clock?” Written in green ink?
>riddles!
The voice guiding those who kidnapped Bradford is Green. We're Teal, by the way. As for "cultist", he's also under the impression we're working with demons, although I don't know why. Pawns refers to people who can hear us. (I know that's kind of an insulting way to refer to people choosing to cooperate with us, but hey, we didn't define the terminology).
>>
No. 566626 ID: d0e0a2

Going by the green ink I'd say that's from player Green. In case you didn't know, his pawns were the ones who kidnapped Brad. You can tell Andrzej all that for us.

First thing to note about this note is that Green didn't have to send it at all. He could have handed over Brad and the stone to the cultists with nary a peep to us. He wanted to tell us something, or have us do something.

I think Green's telling us that the cultists will arrive at three 'o clock to collect Brad, him being the "beast," wants us to be there at that time with only our pawns. So we have until three 'o clock to find the hideout. Better get going.

I'm guessing Green figured out that handing Brad and the stone over to the cultists would be very bad. That or he figures they never had those ten dragons and they're just going to kill his pawns to get Brad. Either way he wants us to take them out.

Do we have Brad's blessed warhammer from his room? We should bring that along to hand over when we find him.

Oh, Dooriya, you mind telling us what was written in that book Lightbringer gave you?

[Scan Captain Andrzej] Just to see if he's taken by anyone.
>>
No. 566627 ID: 9b786b

>>566618
We are working with daemons. Steve and Bob are daemons. I don't think Green knows that Steve and Bob are working against the other daemons, which is to our advantage, at least for the moment. I consider it a temporary alliance now, because of what we've learned about daemons in general. We should explain this as soon as we can talk to Green again.
>>
No. 566700 ID: 9ddf68

well he either thinks we're cultist or he's telling us we're going to run into cultist. Either way when we go looking for Brad be ready for a fight cause Green is sorta neutral to us but he did kidnap Brad and him setting up an ambush isn't that unlikely, so have our bowman and healer stand back from you and your sister so if we are jumped we're not all encircled and if they attack the two lagging behind at least they won't be alone and can hold there ground until you and your sister can pull there asses out of the fire.
>>
No. 566742 ID: 549d6c
File 139507994473.png - (14.16KB , 900x450 , 35.png )
566742

>[Scan Captain Andrzej].
[“The Knight of Spades” belongs to player gray.]

>Aha. Dooriya, what happened to make you in such a great mood?
:DooriyaUNB: (Huh? Oh, I… I just had a-)
>Was it the dream you had last night? You should know Steve had a hand in that.
:DooriyaUNB: (-wait, how did you- that’s private!)
>Please tell us what he did in your dream- this could be important.
:DooriyaUNB: (Humph! We had fun together, that’s all you need to know!)
>Oh, Dooriya, you mind telling us what was written in that book Lightbringer gave you?
:DooriyaUNB: (A lot of things… actually, most things… I’ve read it for hours and I’ve barely passed the first page… I can’t imagine how much knowledge is in that thing…)

>What time is it?
:DrinaUNB: (Half pass twelve.)
>Do we have Brad's blessed warhammer from his room? We should bring that along to hand over when we find him.
:DrinaUNB: (His gear is probably still in his room. I’ll retrieve it before we head out.)

>Going by the green ink I'd say that's from player Green. In case you didn't know, his pawns were the ones who kidnapped Brad.
:AndrzejUNB: Hmm, another voice, then? But… Green does fit… according to the information we’ve gotten the leader of this gang called himself green, so they are probably the same.
>I think Green's telling us that the cultists will arrive at three 'o clock to collect Brad, him being the "beast," wants us to be there at that time with only our pawns.
:AndrzejUNB: And that would be a perfect place to spring a trap. No, you’re not going in there alone. Remember, this is a scouting mission. When you find them report back and we’ll send out a detachment of professionals to clean up this mess. Don’t worry, we’ll have all the ruins nearby scouted out before three… if we hurry…
>I'm guessing Green figured out that handing Brad and the stone over to the cultists would be very bad.
:AndrzejUNB: Hmmm… that’s a possibility, yes… though… if I was Green I would simply trick you and the cultist fight. You did say he disliked both you and the cultist so… an enemy of my enemy is a piece to be sacrificed, after all.

>We are working with daemons. Steve and Bob are daemons.
:DrinaUNB::DooriyaUNB: THEY ARE WHAT!!!?
:AndrzejUNB: …err… what?
:DrinaUNB::DooriyaUNB: B-but… they… he… he’s a… but… this whole…
:AndrzejUNB: …just to repeat myself: what?
:DrinaUNB: EVERYTHING WAS A LIE!?
:DooriyaUNB: HE LIED TO ME!!!?
:AndrzejUNB: …one more time: what?

Insert Everything you know is a lie. Up is down and black is white. (Also, An Insert is actually the start of an update)_
>>
No. 566743 ID: 9ddf68

oh for god sakes, ok lesson up. Stop think of deamons as evil beings for a second and think of them more as nations. From what we gathered there are two nations of deamons, Steve and Bob's side which are trying to protect the everyday normal people like you from the other nation of deamons that see you as nothing more then cattle to be used and thrown away as continent. Both sides have conflicting ideas of what is best and naturally both sides are at war with each other. That one war why the fuck back when where they sealed the deamons in the mountain that is now glowing, that was Steve's nation of deamons locking away the other nation that wanted to enslave humanity, lizanity, and mananity. The cultist work for this side.

Also question, why did the caption act like we're crazy when we had anna tell him the information we got on Brad because of head voices when he himself is allied with Grey?
>>
No. 566745 ID: 9b786b

>>566742
You should keep in mind "Daemon" is a term separate from "demon". Daemons are a race of emotion-eating beings from another dimension that have great powers when manifested in this world. They are like gods. So what Steve said to us was not necessarily a lie. He is, in fact, the bane of darkness, for he opposes the corrupt undead. He was created during the birth of the world. I suspect the other Daemons were as well, but it's also possible they were created later by some other process.

I'm not sure what he said to you in your dream, Dooriya, considering you're not talking about it. You should know he approached your sister in her dream too, but we're not sure what happened exactly because she can't remember it aside from being freaked out.
>>
No. 566752 ID: d0e0a2

Gah! Not the best time for this, but we'd have to tell you eventually. Just don't spread it around without us agreeing, okay. And tell Andrzej we dropped a huge metaphorical bombshell on you two and it's a private matter.

First, forget everything you've learned about daemons. All the negative connotations attached to the word.

That done, here's what daemons really are: As far as we know, they are powerful immortal extra-dimensional beings that experience time non-linearly and subsist on mortals' emotions. Negative emotions are bland but nutritious, positive ones tasty but not nearly as nutritious. Without enough emotional nutrition daemons wither away to powerless, mindless husks; Effectively death for them.

Lightbringer Steve and Gatekeeper Bob are part of the daemon faction that feeds primarily those tasty emotions and keeps the rest of the daemons underfed and enslaved. The Blood God and the Dark One want to overthrow that faction and free the rest of the daemons, and to do that they need lots of negative emotions to feed their brethren. And to get negative emotions in quantity... Well, take a guess how they'd generate them.

So daemons are not evil, or good, or anything but powerful. They all have their own personalities, motives, and agendas. They can tell the truth, they can lie. But when it comes down to it, they can't ever be totally trusted.

And if we had the opportunity to seal away all the daemons from this world and stop their meddling in it, we would. But as it stands we'll back the daemons who're against the ones who'd turn this world into Hell to power their overthrow of the other daemons. Nothing more. We get a better option, we'll take it.

Dooriya, you can check something for us. Crack open Lightbringer's Book and look up daemons. Just look for anything on them, but specifically what they eat.

Let Andrzej know he's one of Gray's pieces. She hasn't spoken to him, so he was probably taken by her as a precaution to prevent another player from taking him, and also so she could jump to him and perch on his shoulder. In fact, I'd bet she's here right now. Shame we don't have a mirror to check that.

Also ask if we have means of instantaneous communication to report back for this mission. 'Cause if we don't then Andrzej should have an Order messenger hang near Anna and Jal so we can switch back and report through them.

Now lets get going. Clock's ticking on saving Brad.
>>
No. 566756 ID: eb10ea

Got anything else we don't need to know, Dooriya? I guess we've all got some explaining to do.

Yes, demons. We thought that Steve and Bobs' goals aligned with our own. We all wanted to keep the other daemons from turning this planet into a world of suffering and anguish which daemons feed on. We then learned they were doing the right thing for the wrong reasons. Apparently Steve and Bob are running some kind of oppressive dictatorship in the daemon realm, where they get all the good emotions and the other daemons starve and work. Yeah it's shitty, but if it's keeping the monsters that eat suffering and shit Wraiths in check, we can go on without the moral high ground. The thing that bothers me is that he lied to all of us. We learned most of what we know from another daemon who's fighting against us. Now that he's, ahem, 'having fun' with our pawns, I think our leniency is coming to an end. We already have plans to confront him, I'm guessing you'd like to join?
>>
No. 566757 ID: 9b786b

What I want to know is, what are the other daemons being enslaved to DO? What even needs doing in whatever weird dimension they normally exist in?
>>
No. 566836 ID: 549d6c
File 139515292450.png - (17.36KB , 900x450 , 36.png )
566836

>Tell Andrzej we dropped a huge metaphorical bombshell on you two and it's a private matter.
:AndrzejUNB: Oh, I know that feeling…
>Let Andrzej know he's one of Gray's pieces.
:AndrzejUNB: I know.
:DrinaUNB: Then why did you act like Anna was crazy?
:AndrzejUNB: It’s called acting, you know. Most people would believe you’re crazy if you say you’re hearing voices.

>You should keep in mind "Daemon" is a term separate from "demon".
:DrinaUNB: (An “a” doesn’t really exempt them from the things they’ve done.)
>Stuff about Daemons.
:DooriyaUNB: (So… we’re in the middle of a war. A war between super powerful entities and we’re the prize… this is some alarming news…)
:DrinaUNB: (Dammit, you’re making things so complicated! It was easier when they were just bad guys that needed smiting… now… now they almost sound human.)
>I'm not sure what he said to you in your dream, Dooriya, considering you're not talking about it.
:DooriyaUNB: (It’s more what he didn’t say, that’s what.)
>We already have plans to confront the light, I'm guessing you'd like to join?
:DooriyaUNB: (…yes, let’s. I really need to talk to him.)

>Dooriya, you can check something for us. Crack open Lightbringer's Book and look up daemons. Just look for anything on them, but specifically what they eat.
:DooriyaUNB: (Hmm… let’s see… emotions of the living world. The emotions we feel seeps through to their world and there can be consumed by them to regain power. Emotions like pain, regret and despair is nourishing while feelings like hope, happiness and love on the other hand is a delicacy.)
>What I want to know is, what are the other daemons being enslaved to DO? What even needs doing in whatever weird dimension they normally exist in?
:DooriyaUNB: (Says here that they are made to do things a lot like thralls in this world. Build, collect food, process it… things like that…)

>Now let’s get going. Clock's ticking on saving Brad.
:AndrzejUNB: Right, Alexandra and Vlad should be waiting for you outside… together with Lord Ranger Mikhail who currently instructing you Vladimir. Apparently, the young boy has impressed her.



:VladUNB: -and you can also use these kind of herbs to mask your smell from the wild life.
:MikhailUNB: Very good… I’m impressed; you’re more knowledgeable about the art of not being seen that I anticipated. Though you’re yet a bit green, so don’t expect to be one with the shadows like Garret, the master thief. Know your limitations. Only a fool thinks himself wise, but a wise man thinks himself a fool.
:VladUNB: Err… Garret who?
:JalUNB: It’s a reference to the book “The Metal Age”. It’s a classic. It’s about the balance of good and evil, order and chaos. How embracing a cause, to grow fond or spiteful, is to lose one balance and how no action can be trusted after that.
:VladUNB: Um… right… anyway… excuse me for asking but… isn’t Mikhail a boy’s name?
:MikhailUNB: …my parents was… let’s just say, book fanatics.
:JalUNB: Let me guess, you’re named after the Albino Troll in Richard Mobey’s works?
:MikhailUNB: …yes, yes I am… and that’s the mask I have to wear, isn’t it?
:JalUNB: Bah, What’s in a name? If we call the sweetest of nectars something else, doesn’t it sill taste the same?
:MikhailUNB: Just remember, Alchemist, Honesty is a legacy who’s richness is uncontested.
:JalUNB: Me, honest? If I was an honest man I would call myself a liar and a scoundrel, but alas I’m not an honest man, now am I?
:AlexUNB: …By the Thane, are you two hitting on each other with book quotes!?
:MikhailUNB: Well, they say books is food for the mind and music is the food of love…
:AlexUNB: Jal’s been eating books all life and he’s still a fool, if you ask me.
:JalUNB: Oh, you wound me, Alex.
:MikhailUNB: Better a witty fool then a foolish wit, no?
:DrinaUNB: Err… are we… interrupting something?

Insert Better to be then not to be… wait, no, that was…_
>>
No. 566841 ID: a97618

>By the Thane, are you two hitting on each other with book quotes!?
Welcome to nerds, Alex. It happens more often than you'd think.
>>
No. 566842 ID: 9ddf68

I think Mikhail is just getting to know the recruits. Anyways mission time
[scan Mikhail]
>>
No. 566847 ID: bb6548

Just a pair of flirting nerds, Drina. Give them the chance and they'd talk in quotes like this for hours.

So, Jal, is Mikhail gonna be next on the list to try and woo into bed? 'Cause that might have issues, given she's kinda your superior in the Order. May want to just leave her as someone you can talk books with for now.

Alexandra, you look like you don't approve of Jal hitting on Mikhail. Don't think it'll end well, do you?

Dooriya, I don't think we've asked you this: What do you think of Jal?

Hey, Vlad, "music is the food of love." As if you needed another reason to practice your harp, eh?

Has Mikhail been informed about us? And is she coming on the mission or are just a few of her rangers going to be on this?

There anything more about the mission we need to hear? Because if there isn't and everyone has been briefed then we'll head out.
>>
No. 566849 ID: 9b786b

>>566836
Hang on. She's an albino? Wow, her scales are like ivory. I would've expected something a bit more pink, really.

Jal I think you're in trouble. This girl seems like a perfect match for you, not just a fling.
>>
No. 566853 ID: 549d6c
File 139516610227.png - (6.24KB , 900x450 , 37.png )
566853

>[Scan Mikhail]
[“The White Death” belongs to player Gray!]

>Alexandra, you look like you don't approve of Jal hitting on Mikhail. Don't think it'll end well, do you?
:AlexUNB: (I think it’s annoying, that’s what… and I got my room right next to his and I rather not hear a bunch of moaning tonight.)
>So, Jal, is Mikhail gonna be next on the list to try and woo into bed? 'Cause that might have issues, given she's kinda your superior in the Order.
:JalUNB: (Pfff, like that has ever stopped me. Besides, that albino butt of hers just demands to be filled with eggs~
>Jal I think you're in trouble. This girl seems like a perfect match for you, not just a fling.
:JalUNB: (Ha, like that would happen! No, I’ll just fill her a few times then it’s over.)
>Dooriya, I don't think we've asked you this: What do you think of Jal?
:DooriyaUNB: (Who? The Alchemist? Err… well, the only time I’ve met him before he was drunk so… I guess he sound rather intelligent when he’s sober?)
>Hey, Vlad, "music is the food of love." As if you needed another reason to practice your harp, eh?
:VladUNB: (“Vlademir the master Bard”… hmm…)
>Has Mikhail been informed about us? And is she coming on the mission or are just a few of her rangers going to be on this?
:DrinaUNB: (Of course she doesn’t know about you… and no, she’s not coming. She’s sending out all the rangers we can spare to scout out the other ruins nearby but the fort we’ve been tasked to explore it’s only going to be us… Me, my sister, Vlad and Alex.,, Alexandra…)
>Anyways mission time.
:DrinaUNB: Alright, people, break time is over! Time to move out!
:DooriyaUNB: Remember, this is a scouting mission.
:JalUNB: Hey, what to debate “The Metal Age” over some coffee?
:MikhailUNB: Well… I just went on break… eh, what the hell, why not?



:CultistUNB: -here for the broken one.
:BradfordUNB: ngt…?
:UnknownKAK: B-but-
:CultistUNB: Hey, we never said we wanted him in one piece, just alive. Now, get out and guard the corridor or something, Mr. crossbow.
:UnknownKAK: I’m going, I’m going… sheesh…
*Door closing*
:CultistUNB: So then… then it’s only you and me left, big boy… you know… It’s a damn shame that we have to cut off those big, muscular limbs. Mmm… maybe we should use them one last time, just the two of us… eh? One last dance? …okay, stop staring at me like that, it’s starting to creep me out.

[Message from Green: One rune of weakness has been deactivated… have fun…]

Insert That’s the kind of gift that keeps on giving_
>>
No. 566856 ID: 9b786b

>>566853
One of the runes is deactivated. Accept the flirtatious offer so you can get out of those cuffs without a struggle, then SMASH.

[message to Green: You know Steve and Bob are fighting the other daemons, right? You should know that our alliance with them does not have to be permanent. We realize they are still daemons and not working for our benefit, but theirs. It just happens that an alliance with the lesser of two evils is the most likely way to save the world right now.]
>>
No. 566857 ID: a97618

[Scan cultist]

[Message to Green: Thank you, but what's the purpose of giving us an opening, now? You said this wasn't about money before (although at least one of your pawns rather thought so). What is it you want from us?]

Brad, one rune is down. You might be able to break free. ...although you might have an easier time of it if you played along with the creepy cultist who thinks you're helpless.
>>
No. 566858 ID: 729a88

You heard the cloaked figure Brad, have fun with your limbs.
>>
No. 566859 ID: 9ddf68

[message to green: I don't know what to make of you, that makes you fun. Tell next time]

Brad remember all the bull crap you went through since you got kidnapped... now add on everything else that pisses you off... you got all that? Good, now unleash it on this little hooded bastard.
>>
No. 566860 ID: 3f0c1b

Come on Bradford von Beard, are you going to let him take your arms? Are you going to let him deny you the chance to get your vengeance? Are you just going to hang there or are you going to fight!?
>>
No. 566864 ID: 549d6c
File 139516914662.png - (7.31KB , 900x450 , 38.png )
566864

>[Scan cultist]
[Daemonic Creature (Hostile): Female lizard Cultist.]
>[message to green…]
[Message sent!]

>One of the runes is deactivated. Accept the flirtatious offer so you can get out of those cuffs without a struggle, then SMASH.
:BradfordUNB: If you let me down then I’ll make you into a real woman…
:CultistUNB: Let you down? Ha! You’re way too dangerous for that! Besides, who ever said that I would be the women? Oh, I do love to make big boys like you cry out for mommy~
>Brad remember all the bull crap you went through since you got kidnapped... now add on everything else that pisses you off... you got all that?
>You heard the cloaked figure Brad, have fun with your limbs.
:CultistUNB: Now, let’s get you turned around so I ca- MFFF!!!
*Crack!*

:BradfordUNB: (Well… that one is dead…)
:CultistUNB: Hey, you alright in there? You didn’t start without me, right? Open the door… wait, I got the key here somewhere, one sec…

Insert Those arms got some killer muscles_
>>
No. 566865 ID: 9ddf68

quick remove the other rune and then wait behind the door, when the other one comes in beat the shit out of him, then find something that can be used as a weapon and lets get the hell out of here.
>>
No. 566868 ID: d0e0a2

Quickly lower the cultist's body to the ground, undo your leg shackles, and if the remaining rune of weakness is on your body then pull it off.

Take the saw; It's no good as a weapon, but it could be useful as a tool. Then hang the lantern up so it's lighting the doorway instead. That way the cultist won't see you're free and this cultist is dead right away.

If the door looks like it opens inwards then stand next to the wall where you'll be behind it when it does. Wait for the cultist to unlock it and walk in, then push it closed, reach out and snap his neck. Otherwise, if it doesn't open in, then wait in the darkness behind the lantern and lunge at his neck when he steps in.

The Order should almost be here, if they're not here already. They figured out Green's bandits were using a ruin near the city as their base. They ought to have checked them all by now, so expect backup soon.
>>
No. 566869 ID: 9b786b

>>566864
I think you can use that saw as a weapon for now until you get a real one. Unless the dead cultist has a real weapon already?

Be careful. You're unarmored, still weakened, and alone. We have help on the way but we don't know how long it'll be until they get here.
>>
No. 566871 ID: d674bc

We can't be sure we have help on the way, knowing how we have sorta time-hopped. Though we can hope we're being linear right now and this isn't the far future where the help failed or the past where they had no idea you were gone.
>>
No. 566872 ID: eb10ea

Find and remove the second rune. If the cultist has a weapon on her, take it. If not, just kick the door off its hinges and into the face of whoever is trying to open it. If you can't destroy the rune or the door is just too sturdy, put out the lantern and lie in wait for the enemy to come in.

Be sure to say something clever like 'KNOCK KNOCK' or 'Welcome to the party, *expletive of your choice*'
>>
No. 566874 ID: cae5f0

>The emotions we feel seeps through to their world and there can be consumed by them to regain power. Emotions like pain, regret and despair is nourishing while feelings like hope, happiness and love on the other hand is a delicacy.

So, either the book has wrong information or Steve and Bob lied, which wouldnt be surprising.
>>
No. 566875 ID: 549d6c
File 139517571226.png - (12.19KB , 900x450 , 39.png )
566875

>Quickly lower the cultist's body to the ground, undo your leg shackles, and if the remaining rune of weakness is on your body then pull it off.
Done.
>I think you can use that saw as a weapon for now until you get a real one. Unless the dead cultist has a real weapon already?
Hmm… it’s probably only good for one strike… it wasn’t meant to be a weapon. Can’t find anything else lethal on her.

>Then hang the lantern up so it's lighting the doorway instead.
:CultistUNB: There, now we ca- Ow, what’s with the light?
>Be sure to say something clever like 'KNOCK KNOCK' or 'Welcome to the party, *expletive of your choice*
:CultistUNB: In light of recent events, I have to say that you aren’t exactly all sunny about my- *Glarg*
:BradfordUNB: I saw what you did there..
:UnknownKAK: HOLY SHI- FREEZE OR I’LL SHOOT!!
:BradfordUNB: Hey, it’s not my fault that your friend here got a splitting headache. If anything, he’s probably ahead of you when it comes to ending up a head shorter.
:UnknownKAK: …one more pun and I’ll shoot you anyway.
:BradfordUNB: Fair enough.
:UnknownKAK: Now lay down on the ground with your hands on your head.

Insert Clearly, Brad is a cut above the rest when it comes to sharp wit_
>>
No. 566876 ID: eb10ea

>>566874
I'm starting to think the only thing that separates Steve and Bob from the other Daemons is ambition.

>>566875
Say "Hey, I see your point, don't loose your head." and use the torso or sarcophagus as cover. After he's fired, kick the head at him and bum rush the guy before he reloads or takes out another weapon.

Hmm, he isn't dressed like a cultist. [scan cloaked human]
>>
No. 566877 ID: 9b786b

>>566875
That is a poisoned crossbow. DO NOT GET SHOT. If you think you can take cover behind a sarcophagus do so, then throw something lethal at him once you have an opening. If that's not likely to work, then surrender.

Actually come to think of it, that guy isn't wearing cultist robes. Is he not with the cultists? If he's working for your captors, then he's not going to kill you. In which case, you can just let him recapture you and wait for rescue before more cultists get here.
>>
No. 566878 ID: 9b786b

>>566874
Steve didn't say what emotions were tasty. Only Bob told us that, and I'm pretty sure he lied.
>>
No. 566879 ID: 9ddf68

use the corpse as a meat shield and throw something at the crossbow guy and rush him. The corpse is meant to protect you from arrows and whatever you throw at the guy is more just to throw off his aim then anything else. If you can get in close tear away the crossbow. and hold him. We might as well ask him where we are.
>>
No. 566880 ID: 549d6c
File 139517999711.png - (12.71KB , 900x450 , 40.png )
566880

>[scan cloaked human]
[Neutral Creature (Hostile): Bandit.]

>Say "Hey, I see your point, don't lose your head." and use the torso or sarcophagus as cover.
:UnknownKAK: I said stop it with the puns!
*Tock!*
:BradfordUNB: I’m glad that I missed that point… and here, I need to get this off my chest!
:UnknownKAK: And stop throwing corpse at me! That’s it! Eye for an eye! Eye can see what your about to do, a knife try but you failed!
:BradfordUNB: -Off!
:UnknownKAK: HA! Not so tough now you got a knife in your eye, ar- *Gurgle!*
>>
No. 566881 ID: 549d6c
File 139518000969.png - (12.27KB , 900x450 , 41.png )
566881

:UnknownKAK: W-what… y-you’re supposed to die…
:BradfordUNB: It’s just a flesh wound.
:UnknownKAK: You got a k-knife lodged in your b-brain… y-you didn’t even slow down…
:BradfordUNB: Meh, had worse.
:UnknownKAK: …err… p-please don’t kill me…
:BradfordUNB: Hmm…

Insert Bite his kneecaps off!_
>>
No. 566882 ID: a9813e

Okay quick but crazy question-those uber-undead, they had to do something special to raise their victims as one of them right?
>>
No. 566883 ID: 76b151

You know I'm starting to see a pattern in our 'kings'
>>
No. 566885 ID: 9ddf68

ask where you are and remove the knife right in front of him to add on to your scare factor. Also ask which way would we travel to get back into town, how far away is it, and is there anyone else we have to worry about around here? Maybe ask about the people that kidnapped you in the first place to if you want.
>>
No. 566886 ID: dbe554

Tell him you'll rip him apart piece by piece if he doesn't answer our questions correctly.
>>
No. 566888 ID: 9b786b

>>566881
Ask where you are, how many others are here, and everything he knows about the guy in charge of the kidnapping operation.

>>566885
Removing the knife would cause massive bleeding, and... I don't think Brad is entirely immortal.

Speaking of which Brad how are you still alive? People need brains to live. You must be some special type of undead. Vampire maybe?
>>
No. 566889 ID: d0e0a2

...Brad, you've seriously had worse than a knife to the brain? Damn, what happened to you in the month before we came along?

Leave the knife in. Removing it will cause you to lose a lot of blood. While I'm unsure if that'll be fatal, it might knock you out or weaken you and that'd be bad enough. You can remove the knife later, when you have bandages or something else to plug the hole with.

Put the bandit in a choke hold. Whisper to him that if he tells you everything he knows about this place and the enemy forces here, including but not limited to their number, location, and armaments and armor, you'll let him live. Oh, and also where the blue/cyan stone is; Kinda want to get that before the cultists do. He complies, then recover the dosed bolt and jab him in the buttock with it to knock him out.

Brad, I guess why the cultists call you "broken." They tried to raise you as one of those super undead and botched it somehow; Probably in binding you to the Blood God's command. Anything you remember about then that supports that?

Better [Check pawn status] to make sure the "flesh wound" isn't worse than Brad thinks it is.
>>
No. 566911 ID: 3f0c1b

He's just a bandit, not a cultist, so I guess we could let him live. Make him to show you where your stuff is and then the way out of here so you don't have to stumble around guessing. Also, remind him you can kill him with your bare hands if he tries to trick you.
>>
No. 566921 ID: a97618

...huh. I have a hunch this is what Green wanted us to see.

[Scan prisoner] (Absolutely don't kill him if he's Green's pawn).

Ask him to tell you where you are, and who else is in the building.
>>
No. 566926 ID: 2c6ff1

>>566921
We already scanned him, he's a neutral bandit.
>>
No. 566945 ID: 549d6c
File 139523776009.png - (11.78KB , 900x450 , 42.png )
566945

>[Check pawn status]
[“The Savage” Status: Berserk!]

>Those uber-undead, they had to do something special to raise their victims as one of them right?
I… I don’t know… I think the people need to die while infested with some kind of plague.
>Speaking of which Brad how are you still alive? People need brains to live.
…how am I still alive? What… why… w-what am I?
>Brad, I guess why the cultists call you "broken." They tried to raise you as one of those super undead and botched it somehow; Probably in binding you to the Blood God's command.
No… that’s… that’s not right. I’m not a rotting corpse… and I was able to enter the city. If I was infested with the blood god’s dark magic then… then the lights aura would repel me, right?

>Ask where you are, how many others are here, and everything he knows about the guy in charge of the kidnapping operation.
:UnknownKAK: Err… we’re in an old fort a bit north of the city… um… there’s a-about a dozen of us, not counting cultists and… err… I don’t know who the chief really is, right?
>Also where the blue/cyan stone is; Kinda want to get that before the cultists do.
:UnknownKAK: Um… it’s in the main hall… with all the money… just take the stairs up and keep going forward…
>He's just a bandit, not a cultist, so I guess we could let him live.
:UnknownKAK: Um… please let me live…
:BradfordUNB: No.
:UnknownKAK: B-but… I tol-
>They all deserve to die for what they did to you… they took everything from you… cruch them… slay them… flay their children and-
:BradfordUNB: -and burn their homes around them… they all deserve this for what they did to me…
:UnknownKAK: W-what are y- Wait, do- MFFF!!!
>Crush and break and kill and flay and-
:BradfordUNB: -and burn and slaughter and rip and tear and…
:UnknownKAK: *Gurgle…*



:CultistUNB: -and I heard that he killed a dragon by ripping its heart out with just his hands… but that can’t be true. Dragons doesn’t even exist, for the blood gods sa- um… what is it?
:UnknownKAK:
:CultistUNB: You went all pale and started to shake so- oh shit, his right behind me, isn’t he?

Insert Make a tent out of their skin to live in!_
>>
No. 566947 ID: a9813e

OK planning time.
knock those two into each other, and if you can manage, get the Cultist's sword away from him.
After that, death to the Cultist, and up the stairs, there's more of them around...
we might not be able to snap him out of it, but we could be able to direct this
>>
No. 566953 ID: a97618

Shit.

>They all deserve to die for what they did to you
>Crush and break and kill and flay and-
That's not us, Brad. You're being used, again. Stoppit.

>what do
...make the most terrifying bead-roar you can at them.

[Non-pawn emotional manipulation directed at the others: Flee. Run for your lives, while you still can]

Where we the runes of weakness placed? On his chains, or on his body? If we really need to stop him, maybe we could ask Green to reactivate the one he turned off?
>>
No. 566958 ID: d0e0a2

Dammit, Brad! The rip-n-tear suggestions are not from us! It's the fuckin' corruption again! [Check corruption level]

Spin around, snap up the lantern nearest you and pitch it at the cultist's head. Charge forward, rip the sword from the cultist's grasp and quickly behead him with it. Take the cultist's head with you to pitch full force at the next cultist, kick the cultist's body into the bandit to knock her out of the way and run up the stairs. No time for extra killing. Gotta get to the main hall fast and take the cyan stone before they flee with it.

We're not going to be able to keep Brad from killing here. He's in runaway berserker mode. The best we can do is try and steer him away from where we don't want him, but we can't do that until we're out of these straight corridors. Gotta get up and out ASAP.

>"...they took everything from you..."
What did they take, Brad? And who are they?

>"...burn their homes around them..."
...Like that burned out village who's well you woke up in? Perhaps it was not the undead who burned it...
>>
No. 566960 ID: 9ddf68

aaaannnnndddd we lost him.

Calm down brad, this is what leads to the nightmares you have.

Anyways what to do, get the sword from the cultist WITHOUT getting stabbed, cut, or anything else and make sure to watch out for the bandit guy, they seem to favor ranged weapons.
>>
No. 566962 ID: 549d6c
File 139524612744.png - (10.78KB , 900x450 , 43.png )
566962

>[Check corruption level]
[Corruption level at 1% and falling…]

>What did they take, Brad? And who are they?
They took everything from me and they will pay for it!!
>Dammit, Brad! The rip-n-tear suggestions are not from us! It's the fuckin' corruption again!
No… it’s from me… that’s my voice… memories…
>...make the most terrifying roar you can at them.
:BradfordUNG: AARRRHGGG!!!
:CultistUNB: BY FREYA’S FROZEN CHEEK!!
:UnknownKAK: Siegfried have mercy on me…

>Death to the Cultist, rip-n-tear, RIP AND TEAR!!
:CultistUNB: D-die, monst- ARG!!!
:BradfordUNB: RIP AND TEAR!!!
:UnknownKAK: N-nononoo, have mercy!!
>THEY MUST PAY!!
:UnknownKAK: P-please! I got a family!
:BradfordUNB:
>I do…
:UnknownKAK: A-a wife… a-and kids… I… *sob*… I just…
>Isn’t he cute, honey… he got your eyes…
:UnknownKAK: P-please… *Sob*… they are newly hatched… just infants… *sob*
>*Baby noises*
:UnknownKAK: P-please… I… I don’t w-want to… d-die…
:BradfordUNB: …I… I can’t… I…

>Who are you?
:BradfordUNB: …who am I?

Insert Don’t you know who I am!?_
>>
No. 566963 ID: a97618

>…who am I?
You're who you choose to be. No more, no less. And right now, I wouldn't be very proud of those choices, if I were you.

So man up and choose something you can be proud of. Choose to be someone you can be proud of.
>>
No. 566967 ID: 9ddf68

welcome back Bradford.

>who am I?
That is a question only you can answer Brad. But for now we need to get out of here. Just walk past the bug, we shouldn't fight if we don't have to.
>>
No. 566968 ID: 2c6ff1

>>566962
You're Bradford.

Is it possible to knock out a mantis? Actually nevermind, just tell him to stay put. If you see him move again he's dead. Get up those stairs.
>>
No. 566972 ID: d0e0a2

Who are you? You are who you choose to be, and who you choose to be is answered by "who was I?" So who were you, Bradford? Who do you remember?

So, do you choose to kill a defenseless father? Do you choose to be like those who took everything from you? Do you choose to be a monster, Bradford?
>>
No. 566973 ID: 549d6c
File 139525415124.png - (32.63KB , 900x450 , 44.png )
566973

>You're Bradford.
No… no, I am not… that name… I don’t know who’s name it is, but it’s not mine.
>Who were you, Bradford? Who do you remember?
…Pain… suffering… anguish… both my own and others… I can’t remember… I can’t… I remember how it was all in vain in the end… no matter how far I got in the end it wouldn’t matter…
>You're who you choose to be. No more, no less. And right now, I wouldn't be very proud of those choices, if I were you.

>So, do you choose to kill a defenseless father? Do you choose to be like those who took everything from you? Do you choose to be a monster, Bradford?
…I choose… I choose to move on… b-but… without vengeance, what am I?

>Is it possible to knock out a mantis?
No need, he’s already unconscious. He shouldn’t handle the fear, it seems. He’s lucky his heart didn’t give out.
>Man up and choose something you can be proud of. Choose to be someone you can be proud of.
Hmm… yes… let’s do something to be proud of…



:AlexUNB: So… why are we even out here at all? I mean, Vlad is the one scouting, not us.
:DrinaUNB: In case of trouble.
:DooriyaUNB: Let’s just say that these folks aren’t going to be happy if Vladimir screws up and gets detected.
:AlexUNB: Bah, it’s cold… boring… and I swear it feels like someone is watching me…
:DrinaUNB: Stop complaining and get behind the snow pile, soldier!
:AlexUNB: …I’m no soldier.
:DrinaUNB: You are when you’re under my command! Now move it or I’ll make you clean the latrines back home.

Insert He’s not Bradford, he’s Baron Bradford Von Beard the third_
>>
No. 566974 ID: 9ddf68

Brad's in a old fort north of the city, also there's someone behind you three
>>
No. 566977 ID: 2c6ff1

(Guys I think Bradford is Ragnar. This is a bad situation. If we are to keep our word to Steve we'll have to kill him eventually, which optimally means he can't be our king when that happens. On the other hand we could just not kill him. It's not like we should have any loyalty to Steve since if I'm right, he left out a lot of important details of our agreement.)

>>566973
We were just with Bradford. He got free of his restraints and is cutting a bloody swath through the cultists and bandits in the fort, but he has a knife in his eye so he might need some medical attention soon. We want to be at the northern fort, by the way.

No, I don't know how he's still alive, and neither does he.
>>
No. 566981 ID: d0e0a2

*ding*
Just got back from Brad. Green did what he said he would; Brad's loose. He found out some stuff from one of the bandits: They're under an old fort a bit north of the city, there's about a dozen bandits and an unknown number of cultists there, and the cyan stone is in the main hall.

I'm pretty sure Brad can handle busting his way out, but that won't stop the cultists from fleeing with the stone. We'll have to be the ones to do that. Where's Vlad? We need to go.

Alexandra, it's pretty obvious Vlad is smitten with you. What're you going to do about that? You planning to have a talk with him about certain things before too long?

And is that lizard behind you all supposed to be there? He a Order message runner or something? [Scan unidentified male lizard]
>>
No. 566983 ID: 549d6c
File 139526043396.png - (33.06KB , 900x450 , 45.png )
566983

>[Scan unidentified male lizard]
[Neutral Creature (Neutral): Ghost.]

>*ding*
:DrinaUNB: WHA- Who sa- oh, you guys… dammit, you scared me…
>Alexandra, it's pretty obvious Vlad is smitten with you. What're you going to do about that?
:AlexUNB: (Ignore him until he goes away like I always do. Maybe he’ll sleep with Anna if he get horny enough… who knows.)

>Brad's in an old fort north of the city.
:DooriyaUNB: The same fort we’re scouting out right now… hmm, we should go back and get backup, this was a scouting mission, after all.
>We were just with Bradford. He got free of his restraints and is cutting a bloody swath through the cultists and bandits in the fort, but he has a knife in his eye so he might need some medical attention soon.
:AlexUNB: Wait, how does he-
>No, I don't know how he's still alive, and neither does he.
:AlexUNB: Either he’s risen as an undead without noticing or… I dunno, the knife missed all the vital parts? It wasn’t as big as it looked?
>Where's Vlad? We need to go.
:DrinaUNB: He’s scouting up ahead, trying to find someone in the old fort… which we now know there are.

>And is that lizard behind you all supposed to be there?
:AlexUNB: What liz-
:UnknownKAK: RUN!!
:AlexUNB: Ah!! Where did you come from!?
:DrinaUNB: It’s just a ghost, ignore it.
:AlexUNB: Just a ghost!? There’s nothing “Just” about a ghost!
:DooriyaUNB: They are actually fairly common in these mountains… lots of deaths and a lot of natural magic will do that… it’s like with the natural undead, they just kind of “pop” up.
:UnknownKAK: T-they are coming… please… run… leave me and run…
:AlexUNB: Who’s coming?
:DrinaUNB: They usually just repeat the last thing they said before they died…
:DooriyaUNB: Of course, there are also known cases of them warning others of the perils that claimed their lives or… is some really rare cases, outright confessed about who killed them… and then there’s always the popular stories and myths about ghost coming back for vengeance and killing their murderer… but that’s never been confirmed o-
:DrinaUNB: Sis, we don’t need a lecture… we’re supposed to bash in the heads of some bandits!
:DooriyaUNB: …we’re supposed to scout out and then get backup if they are there.
:DrinaUNB: but that’s not fun…
:AlexUNB: Err… and the ghost?
:DrinaUNB: Just ignore it… now, should we charge and save Bradford or what?

Insert Ignore they spirit from beyond, they are just here to steal your pity (and wallet)_
>>
No. 566984 ID: 9ddf68

Depends how much screaming you hear from the fort really. I mean (time shenanigans not standing) Brad is already escaping and I'm not sure backup would arrive in time but at the same time the fort has about a dozen bandits in there plus cultist so... yeah depends if Brad changes his escape plan form straight out killing everything between him and the door to sneaking or not really.
>>
No. 566986 ID: 2c6ff1

>>566983
Guys, there's a glow behind you now. I think you might want to get out of there.

How ghosts exist but not souls is beyond me.
>>
No. 566989 ID: d0e0a2

Heads up; Light incoming from behind the ghost's position. This more ghost crap or is somebody coming and you need to take cover?

Brad can handle himself. I'm more worried that the enemy will run right into Vlad in the chaos Brad's going to wreak over there. We go for backup and that'll leave Vlad without his backup. Hold position and we'll switch to Vlad to warn him about this and get his situation before making a decision.

>>566986
We've been getting mixed info on whether souls exist here or not. Since Kaktus confirmed the time period is after TransMachina, they could very well have actual souls.
>>
No. 566995 ID: eb10ea

>>566983
I see a light. I'm assuming you can identify if they are friend or foe and act accordingly.
>>
No. 567043 ID: 3f0c1b

I know what your orders are but considering that knife in Brad's head, I rather the rescue happened sooner than later. Though we don't have to do just one or the other do we? We should be able to contact someone still at the Order, say Anna, and let them know that way while you rescue Brad.
>>
No. 567056 ID: a97618

>Ignore him until he goes away like I always do.
Not your type?

>what about the ghost
...it's trapped in its last moments of fear and death. Can't we do something to snap it out of that? Let it move on? Death would be kinder than endless fear and confusion.
>>
No. 567076 ID: 549d6c
File 139532857748.png - (33.91KB , 900x450 , 46.png )
567076

>Not your type?
:AlexUNB: (He is kind of cute but he’s just a kid. Besides, it’s more that I’m not really his type that’s the problem… him being straight and all. Of course, it’s been ages since I have gotten anything and I keep fantasizing about unloading myself on that cute snout of his AND OH GODS, PLEASE TELL ME YOU DIDN’T HEAR ME THINK THAT!)

>...it's trapped in its last moments of fear and death. Can't we do something to snap it out of that? Let it move on?
:DrinaUNB: Unless we have a priest trained in that sort of thing then no.
:DooriyaUNB: I’ll note its location so we can send someone out here when we have more men to spare.
>We should be able to contact someone still at the Order, say Anna, and let them know that way while you rescue Brad.
[Message sent to The Valkyrie!]
:DrinaUNB: So, that’s that? Let’s charge?
:DooriyaUNB: Wait…

>I see a light. I'm assuming you can identify if they are friend or foe and act accordingly.
:DooriyaUNB: Quick! Get behind snow pile! Someone is coming!!

:CultistUNB: I’m telling you, I know I heard something over here.
:UnknownKAK: Save yourself…
:CorruptedRUSTED: Ha! It’s just a ghost! See, I told you, you’re just way to paranoid.
:CultistUNB: Bah… I swear I hear more than one voice…
:CorruptedRUSTED: Now, shut up and keep going. We need to haul all this coin to the fort so we can buy the broken one and the key.
>>
No. 567077 ID: 549d6c
File 139532859329.png - (32.18KB , 900x450 , 47.png )
567077

:CultistUNB: …why are we even calling him broken one? He isn’t even undead-
:VladUNB: That was clo-
:AlexUNB: AAH!!!
:CultistUNB: What was that!?
:CorruptedRUSTED: Just a ghost.
:AlexUNB: S-sorry… Vlad just came out of nowhere and… urgh…
:DrinaUNB: …Something tells me we’ve run out of time to get reinforcement.
:DooriyaUNB: Vlad, report.
:VladUNB: Um… there’s four guys guarding the front entrance. Two on the ground floor and two on the floor above it… err… and there’s a backdoor… well, more of a backhole that’s guarded by just one guy… um… and that’s about it… I shouldn’t see anything else.
:DrinaUNB: And the rest of the second floor?
:VladUNB: It looked empty.
:DrinaUNB: Hmm… we do have a rope with us… but…
:AlexUNB: What are we doing, let’s go save Brad already!

Insert To the rescue!_
>>
No. 567079 ID: a9813e

Oooooh...Okay heads up here- those cultists with the dark faces and one eye? Those guys are freaky mutant cultists-really nasty stuff as I recall, with like..extendo claws and other tricks possibly-I'll leave further description and tactics to the other voices.
>>
No. 567090 ID: 2c6ff1

>>567077
The one-eyed cultist is very hard to kill with conventional weapons and has some ranged capability with its bladed tentacles.

Go for the back door. The cultist caravan will be arriving at the front door and we do not want to be there.
>>
No. 567095 ID: d0e0a2

Dang, Vlad. You're amazingly good at this ranger stuff. I can see why your dad was so adamant you be a hunter. Still doesn't justify him keeping you from playing the harp, though.

Did all of you see those two cultists with the tentacle arms? We tangled with one back in the Serath. Those are Corrupted, and they're big trouble.

They're very strong; The one we encountered punched a sturdy wood door clean in half. They can shoot out at least three thin tentacles with an envenomed barb on the end with enough force to embed the barb in a stone brick wall. When the tentacle is free it's very quick and agile, even able to curve back and strike an attacker from behind. They can also projectile vomit a strong acid, so get back or behind cover if it starts to retch. They can also form a tele-portal to escape, but they have to focus on making it and it takes time to. They might have more tricks, but those are the ones we've seen.

We know they're not impervious to conventional weapons - we took down the one we faced with a firebomb - but we don't know how much punishment they can take from them. Vlad's arrows will probably still work, especially if he aims for the eye. In fact, all of you aim for their eye first if possible. Blinding hinders them quite a bit.

Blessed weapons will be more effective, so Drina's sword and Brad's hammer will be vital in a fight. Whoever is going in the deepest should take Brad's hammer to give to him if they cross paths.

Dooriya, do you have enough time to quickly check your book for anything on the Corrupted? They might have a weakness we can exploit.

Drina, you got the same idea I have? Tie a rope down on the second floor and everyone climbs up there from outside to strike from above inside?

Okay, here's the plan. Circle around to the back of the fort. Vlad nails the backdoor guard through the neck for a silent takedown. Everyone moves in. Then we just need to get Vlad up to the second floor to tie the rope down. Vlad, were there any trees growing right next to the fort wall you can climb up to the second floor from? I know it's a ruin so there ought to be a few by now since nobody has been clearing them away. Otherwise Dooriya and Drina could stack up and give you a boost through a window.
>>
No. 567096 ID: 2c6ff1

Hey Vlad, are you 100% straight? I mean, you know two guys can have sex right? What is your opinion on that happening to you?
>>
No. 567097 ID: 3f0c1b

Wait they said they are actually going to buy Bradford and the stone? But that would mean... Oh wow they really have the 10 dragons, TEN WHOLE DRAGONS! I didn't think these cultists would be that well funded.
>>
No. 567098 ID: 9ddf68

ok the one eye glowing eye guys with the tentacles, avoid those guys like the plague. As for what to do, Our best bet is to sneak in the back, find Brad before they do, and sneak back out the back and run like hell back to the city. Does this sound good?
>>
No. 567105 ID: 549d6c
File 139533956408.png - (25.88KB , 900x450 , 48.png )
567105

>Dang, Vlad. You're amazingly good at this ranger stuff.
:VladUNB: (Um… thanks… I guess… but I’m still a bit… um… I’m just lucky those cultists were so focused on their destination and that they had lights on them otherwise… err… I mean, I’m pretty sure both Drina and Dooriya saw me coming from a mile away…)
>Hey Vlad, are you 100% straight?
:VladUNB: (W-what!? What k-kind of q-question is that!? Err… Oh Thane, did B-Brad tell you what happened in the showers y-yesterday!? T-that wasn’t… I like girls! I like Alexandra! There!)
>I mean, you know two guys can have sex right?
:VladUNB: (Of course I do… Dad told me about that… um… he also said only guys who likes other guys plays the harp and I’m not that kind of guy…)
>What is your opinion on that happening to you?
:VladUNB: (W-wha- b-but… that’s… I poop f-from there?)

>Wait they said they are actually going to buy Bradford and the stone? But that would mean... Oh wow they really have the 10 dragons, TEN WHOLE DRAGONS! I didn't think these cultists would be that well-funded.
:DrinaUNB: Correction, 10 dragons to fund the order, you mean.
:DooriyaUNB: Just remember, we’re here for Brad, not the money. A life is priceless.
>Did all of you see those two cultists with the tentacle arms? Those are Corrupted, and they're big trouble.
:DooriyaUNB: Oh great… if this shouldn’t get worse…
:DrinaUNB: Oh great! Finally a worthy target to try out my new sword on!
>[Everything about corrupted]
:DrinaUNB: So… tentacles, acid, portals… check.
>Blessed weapons will be more effective, so Drina's sword and Brad's hammer will be vital in a fight.
:DooriyaUNB: Actually, we all have blessed weapons…
:VladUNB: Um… I don’t…
:DrinaUNB: With good reason. You aren’t even trained with your melee and it’s a bitch to bless every last arrow.
>Dooriya, do you have enough time to quickly check your book for anything on the Corrupted?
:DooriyaUNB: Hmm… let’s see… corrupted: These minions of Daemons comes in three phases. The first is corruption of the mind. These are simply mortals whose will have been completely broken by their daemon lord and who will happily die for whatever causes the daemon has. They are weak to anything a normal mortal would be weak against, especially weapons blessed by the gods.
:DrinaUNB: So, cultist huh?
:DooriyaUNB: The second phase is the corruption of the body. These creatures’ bodies have been twisted by the corruption to resemble what most people would call a squid with one eye and a large mouth on their chest. These creatures are capable of wielding the weaker kinds of daemon magic to certain extend. Though they are more resistant then a normal mortal, they can still be killed by normal means and just as all corrupted, they are weak against blessed weaponry. The third Phase is the corruption of the soul. The creatures shed their physical form and become a being of pure magical energy. Though frail physically, these creatures possess an amazing amount of raw magical power and are very dangerous foes. Only blessed weapons or magic can harm these creatures. There is also a fourth form, but it has of yet only been theorized about. There is a possibility that, if a dead a creature was to be infused with enough corrupted energy it would transform its body into a form capable of holding a Daemon with most of its powers intact indefinitely. These creatures was dubbed “Harvesters” by the daemon loyal to mortal as that would be their main purpose of they ever existed.
:DrinaUNB: …right… let’s hope we don’t meet anything worse that those squids, then…

>Okay, here's the plan. Circle around to the back of the fort. Vlad nails the backdoor guard through the neck for a silent takedown. Everyone moves in.
:UnknownKAK: *Whistle*… oh, life is great!
:DrinaUNB: Come on, shoot him!
:VladUNB: I… I can’t…
:DrinaUNB: You killed those cultist just fine.
:VladUNB: Cultist are dog kicking evil, this guys is… not… he’s just a guy that’s down on his luck.
:DrinaUNB: Bah! He’s probably just as dog kicking evil as-
:UnknownKAK: Oh, man… I can’t wait to get back to my loving wife, my three adopted children I took in from the street and the stray cat I gave a home.
:DrinaUNB: …you got to be freaking kid-
:UnknownKAK: And then I’ll donate half of my share to that “children plays” charity.
:DrinauNB: Come on!!

Insert Dammit, Vlad! You’re supposed to shoot him just as he says the word “wife”! What kind of murderer are you?_
>>
No. 567106 ID: 9ddf68

I see something yellow under the snow about 6 paces in front of you guys and some kind of glowing orb in front of that.

Couldn't you just make a noise or something or just throw a rock or arrow somewhere away from you to send him away. Or close to you so you could knock him out and move on?
>>
No. 567107 ID: eb10ea

... Is that a ghost standing on top of its own corpse?!?
>>
No. 567108 ID: d0e0a2

Vlad, it's good you have a conscience about this kind of thing. Preferably bandits should be brought to justice instead of just killed. But this time it may not be possible. We'll see if we get another opening, but the guard may have to die.

Vlad, hold fire. Everyone, hide behind the trees. I see a human corpse up half covered by the snow about eight meters in front of you. It's hard to tell, but it looks like it's wearing armor with the Order's emblem on the breastplate. I also see a ghost forming next to the corpse. Perhaps it will draw the guard out here where we can jump him or Vlad can threaten him with a point blank arrow to give up. At the least we'll get a clue as to what killed him or her. We might be dealing with a hidden bandit sharpshooter or some kind of magic minefield here.

...That's what a "Harvester" is? ...Fuck. Drina, better start hoping extra hard, 'cause the Blood God was lookin' to make those. He tried making them during the ancient daemon war, but lacked the master necromancer needed to do so. But this time around we know he has the necromancer, and has had one for almost nine months now. Maybe enough time to finish making a "Harvester..." Or several...

Vlad, we're gonna have to get you a few less lethal weapons. Arrows dosed with knockout poison and the like. Maybe knockout gas arrows? Jal might know more about that kind of thing.
>>
No. 567110 ID: d315b1

>>567107
A ghost wearing our uniform, no less. He's probably a previous scout who got caught trying to enter this way.

Let's keep a safe distance, they seem to only react when approached and I don't want him to suddenly start screaming. Besides, whatever killed him might still be present.
>>
No. 567111 ID: 2c6ff1

>>567105
Fine then. Shoot to disable.
>>
No. 567112 ID: a97618

Hold on, let's see what's happening with this ghost.

>>567111
The problem with shooting to disable is it conflicts with taking out the guard to enter quietly. A wounded guard can still shout out an alarm.

Kind of hard to non-lethally silence someone with an arrow.
>>
No. 567113 ID: 549d6c
File 139534748627.png - (25.69KB , 900x450 , 49.png )
567113

>Vlad, we're gonna have to get you a few less lethal weapons. Arrows dosed with knockout poison and the like. Maybe knockout gas arrows?
:VladUNB: (That would be great!)
>Vlad, it's good you have a conscience about this kind of thing. Preferably bandits should be brought to justice instead of just killed.
:VladUNB: Yeah, give them another chance…
:DrinaUNB: Bah, they are probably going to be executed anyway.
:DooriyaUNB: Actually, only murder and thing more severe than that hold the death penalty. We don’t have any proof this guy has ever killed anyone.

>... Is that a ghost standing on top of its own corpse?!?
:UnknownKAK: So cold…
>A ghost wearing our uniform, no less. He's probably a previous scout who got caught trying to enter this way.
:DooriyaUNB: (Can’t be, we haven’t sent anyone out here for weeks.)
:UnknownKAK: Where are the others? Did they escape the undead? W-where… where am I… hello?
:UnknownKAK: Huh? Who said that?
>Vlad, hold fire. Everyone, hide behind the trees.
:UnknownKAK: It’s so cold… I… don’t recognize these woods…
:UnknownKAK: Oh, it’s just you… Henry warned me about you. He already gave you a blanket, what more do you want?
:UnknownKAK: So cold… I just want to go home… mommy?
:UnknownKAK: …we can’t take you home… bah, why am I even talking to you? You can’t answer anyway… don’t think you can even hear me…

>Perhaps it will draw the guard out here where we can jump him or Vlad can threaten him with a point blank arrow to give up.
:VladUNB: (Err… should we jump him? I mean, he got a crossbow… he might shoot one of us… um…)

Insert Push the annoying one out first, that way he’ll waste the bolt on him_
>>
No. 567114 ID: 2c6ff1

>>567113
Vlad, can you shoot the crossbow out of his hands or something? Then you can tell him to keep quiet and stay still. The others can restrain him and put him out of sight, then we can go inside.

[scan the guy]
>>
No. 567115 ID: 9ddf68

think you could hit his crossbow out of his hands Vlad? Or at least hit him in his shooting arm? If so the two sisters can rush him with worrying about getting an arrow to the face, watch out though they carry knives, but being outnumbered and with the threat of an arrow to his groin I think he should give up quickly.
>>
No. 567116 ID: eb10ea

>>567114
Yeah, if you could hit the bowstring with a broad-head, it should snap. Say, isn't your quiver supposed to be magical or something?

If you can't pull that off, wait for him to turn and start walking back to his post before you club him.
>>
No. 567122 ID: d0e0a2

...Geez, they even gave the ghost a blanket. These bandits are way too damn nice...

Vlad, if you're reasonably certain you can shoot the crossbow out of the bandit's hand before he can fire back, do so. Otherwise wait for him to turn around and start walking back. If he holds his crossbow at his side, then you can try shooting it out of his hand.

But if he doesn't hold his crossbow that way then you're going to have to sneak up on him before he reaches the fort. Then either knock him out, use the rope to choke him unconscious, or hold your dagger to his back and your sword at his throat to get him to give up.

Sounds like the poor ghost guy froze to death after being separated from his squad during an undead attack. And it's even more tragic considering he died within sight of the shelter of the fort. We'll make sure the Order knows where he is so he can be put to rest.
>>
No. 567176 ID: d315b1

I'd point out how incredibly difficult it would be to hit the crossbow with an arrow, but then I realized that Vlad actually might be that good.
>>
No. 567189 ID: 549d6c
File 139541418622.png - (26.17KB , 900x450 , 50.png )
567189

>[scan the guy]
[Neutral Creature (Hostile): Bandit.]
>Sounds like the poor ghost guy froze to death after being separated from his squad during an undead attack.
:DooriyaUNB: (Hmm, we did have a scout patrol out here that we lost to the undead a few weeks ago…)
>Say, isn't your quiver supposed to be magical or something?
:VladUNB: (Well… I can make fire arrows with it… and… err… water, air and earth but… I’ve never really seen the point with those…)
>...Geez, they even gave the ghost a blanket. These bandits are way too damn nice...
:DrinaUNB: (Tell me about it. Why did we have to run into the sissy bandits? I want bad guys to clobber!)
>wait for him to turn and start walking back to his post before you sneak up on and club him.
:VladUNB: (Um… there’s no way I can catch up with him in the snow without him hearing me. I’m good at not being seen… or smelled…)

>Vlad, can you shoot the crossbow out of his hands or something?
:VladUNB: Err… I don’t think I can-
:DrinaUNB: You can do it, Vlad. Come on, show us your skill with the bow.
:UnknownKAK: …who said that!? Show yourself!
:DrinaUNB: Surrender or we’ll make you into a pincushion.
:UnknownKAK: Ha! You probably don’t even have a bow, coward!
:DrinaUNB: Now, shoot!
:VladUNB: Err… I don’t th-
:DrinaUNB: SHOOT!!
*Swosh!*
:UnknownKAK: …err… on second thought, I think I’ll surrender…
:AlexUNB: Nice shot!
:VladUNB: Err… I was aiming at the crossbow… Drina kind of…
:DooriyaUNB: Drina, what in Hel’s domain were you thinking?
:DrinaUNB: Hey, it worked.
:UnknownKAK:I think I pooped a little…

Insert [/small] [small] all day, all night long_
>>
No. 567193 ID: a97618

Keep a bow trained on him while one or more of the others goes out and disarms and/or restrains him.

Surrender accepted. Now don't move, shout, or do anything stupid, and you'll be fine.

Once he's secured, ask him about Brad (the prisoner? The one the cultists wanted?).
>>
No. 567203 ID: d0e0a2

...That shot took too much luck for my comfort. Vlad, from now on we'll try not to make plans that rely on you pulling off trick shots.

Drina, did you knock Vlad's aim off? If you did, please don't ever do that again. You could have easily made him miss entirely.

Vlad, keep your bow trained on the bandit. Dooriya, order him to drop the crossbow, interlace his hands on his head and walk towards your position. Drina, get the rope out to tie him up. Wait until he's behind the trees so nobody at the fort can see you.

First thing, tell him that you're not going to kill him. He's under arrest by the Order for banditry. Then let's see if we can get some info out of him. Tell him that if he cooperates it'll go towards reducing his sentence and you'll also take the blanket and cloak from the ghost and wrap him in it before leaving him here for pickup. Otherwise he's going to be very cold until the Order collects him.

Then ask him how many of his comrades and how many cultists are in the fort, what their positions are, and their armor and armament. Also ask what the layout of the fort is and where Bradford and the cyan stone are located. Point out that we'd prefer to arrest the bandits, not kill them. Anything he can think of to separate out the bandits so we can go all out on the cultists would be good.

Once you're done with the bandit gag him and hide him under the snow. Now we just have to cross this open field without anybody in the fort seeing us. Make sure to collect the bandit's crossbow and his hood on the way so nobody might notice them.

>"...water, air and earth but... I've never really seen the point with those..."
Water arrows can be used to douse lit torches and such and create areas of darkness to sneak through... Though that has the problem of people wondering why the lights are going out, and then finding the damp spots and possibly the arrow when relighting them. That's not that good a use for them, is it?

And what does an air or an earth arrow do? Does the former make a gust of wind and the latter has a dirt clod stuck on the end? Oh, and do the arrows you draw from your quiver remain, or do they dissipate when you pull new ones out?
>>
No. 567204 ID: 9ddf68

Grab the guy... and can we do anything with the ghost guy? I mean shouldn't we at least bring his body back to town to bury him or something? I mean if we have time after we saved brad and don't have the whole base chasing after us that is?
>>
No. 567206 ID: 2c6ff1

>>567189
Then tell him to drop the crossbow and put his hands on his head. Then we can restrain him and move on.
>>
No. 567210 ID: 549d6c
File 139542740396.png - (11.16KB , 900x450 , 51.png )
567210

>Drina, did you knock Vlad's aim off?
:DrinaUNB: (Of course not. I just stressed him the fuck out and made him shoot before he was ready.)
>Can we do anything with the ghost guy? I mean shouldn't we at least bring his body back to town to bury him or something?
:DooriyaUNB: (We can start by retrieving his dog tags… and we’ll take his body with us back if we’re able too. Otherwise we’ll have to report this to the captain and let him take care of it.)
>Water arrows can be used to douse lit torches and such and create areas of darkness to sneak through...
:VladUNB: (Err… most people use those magical lanterns nowadays. I mean, we live in such a magical area that they pretty much refill themselves.)
>What does an air or an earth arrow do?
:VladUNB: (Wind shatters and becomes… well, a gust of wind while earth is just… it’s more like moss but… um… it’s basically a crystal that shatters and becomes some moss… My guess is that whoever created this quiver love the whole “four elements” motif that he ignored that they would be basically useless.)
>Do the arrows you draw from your quiver remain, or do they dissipate when you pull new ones out?
:VladUNB: (Um… they are more like crystals that shatter when they hit something. They don’t leave anything behind after they do… except for the fire or water or whatever. Oh, and I can only have four of them at the time… one of each element… and it takes a while for it to recreate a used crystal.)

>Then tell him to drop the crossbow and put his hands on his head. Then we can restrain him.
:UnknownKAK: You got me… now what?
>First thing, tell him that you're not going to kill him. He's under arrest by the Order for banditry.
:UnknownKAK: Better then death, I suppose…
>Then ask him how many of his comrades and how many cultists are in the fort, what their positions are, and their armor and armament.
:UnknownKAK: Um… I don’t know where they are currently, but there are about a dozen of us… I think five cultist, but there were more coming and… well, we are all armed with a crossbow and some daggers…
>Also ask what the layout of the fort is and where Bradford and the cyan stone are located.
:UnknownKAK: The prisoner? They should both be in the main hall by now, awaiting the money the cultists are bringing.
>Once you're done with the bandit gag him and hide him under the snow.
:DrinaUNB: Let’s skip the “under the snow” part… I’ll just tie him to a tree…
:UnknownKAK: Mfff!!
:AlexUNB: Don’t worry, we’ll be back for you… and the ghost… wait, did you guys hear that? I thought I heard voices coming from that hole in the wall this guy was guarding.



:UnknownKAK: Stay back, beast! We have fire and we’re not afraid to use it!
:BradfordUNB: Grrr!
:UnknownKAK: You said there was supposed to be a guard here with a crossbow!
:UnknownKAK: Well, there should be! Dammit, why don’t you guys have crossbows? We’re all supposed to carry them at all times!
:UnknownKAK: I was asleep, just like you! What do you think we do in the sleeping quarter?
:UnknownKAK: …actually, I was reading this really good book called “The Metal Age”…
:UnknownKAK: …nobody cares. Now find a way to get this thing off us before he rip us to shreds!
:BradfordUNB: GRRR!!!
:UnknownKAK: Aw man, this is so cool… I heard this guy ripped a twenty foot demon in half with his teeth! HIS TEETH!! …oh, and a dog too… can’t forget the dog…
:UnknownKAK: You’re not helping…

Insert Next time he’ll be going up against Gods_
>>
No. 567211 ID: 9ddf68

so if we bring our group in behind them how likely do you think they'll surrender?
>>
No. 567212 ID: d315b1

>>567210
>moss arrows
You have no idea how incredibly useful those are for sneaking. Completely muffles your footsteps... or the sound of a body hitting the floor.

Anyway, just come up behind these guys and they'll probably surrender at the sight of you. It seems Brad's done most of the heavy lifting already.
>>
No. 567216 ID: d0e0a2

Hey, Brad. Vlad, Alexandra, Drina and Dooriya are outside and they brought your equipment. They'll arrest these chumps and then you can get geared up, have that knife taken out, and trade intel so we're all on the same page here. What's the current count on casualties you've caused?

Vlad, gesture to the other three to move up, then step back, ready your bow and aim into the hole. Tell the bandits the Order is here and will protect them if they step outside and submit to arrest. Brad, give 'em an extra menacing growl so they don't think twice about it. Won't they be shocked when the "beast" turns out to be on the Order's side.

Vlad, where did your grandfather get that quiver from? And who was he? You said he was an adventurer, but was he famous?
>>
No. 567217 ID: 2c6ff1

>>567210
See, Vlad, there's a use for water arrows right here- you could douse that torch. Though that would probably result in Bradford immediately killing them. The alternative is telling them they're surrounded. Just be sure you have backup if you reveal your presence.

Brad, the rescue team is here. You won't need to kill these guys, probably. Just continue to be intimidating. Which I suppose means, just don't fall unconscious. If the torch is doused mysteriously see if you can take them down nonlethally.
>>
No. 567218 ID: eb10ea

It gets worse. Now you're surrounded.
Hands on your head, lie on the ground, crime never pays, you know the drill.

Alexandra, I think brad needs medical assistance. Now we need to get that blue stone. We'll need an idea of the layout of the castle, and how aware of our presence the enemy is.
>>
No. 567220 ID: 549d6c
File 139543614553.png - (12.32KB , 900x450 , 52.png )
567220

>Vlad, where did your grandfather get that quiver from? And who was he? You said he was an adventurer, but was he famous?
:VladUNB: (Um… he got it from his grandmother… I think… and she got it from another ancestor. It’s kind of an heirloom. As for my grandfather, he was a famous undead hunter… at least, in these parts.)
>Hey, Brad. Vlad, Alexandra, Drina and Dooriya are outside and they brought your equipment.
:BradfordUNB: (Good, I’ve been looking forward to bash some cultist heads in with my hammer.)
>What's the current count on casualties you've caused?
:BradfordUNB: (Let’s see… three cultist and one bandit… not counting the unconscious one…)
>So if we bring our group in behind them how likely do you think they'll surrender?
:DrinaUNB: (Considering that they don’t have any weapons and we do…)

>See, Vlad, there's a use for water arrows right here- you could douse that torch.
:BradfordUNB: …do you really think I fear fire?
:UnknownKAK: I saw what you did to that cultist! You fight like a beast! …and beasts are afraid of fire… therefore you must be afraid of fire!
:UnknownKAK: Err… I don’t think logic work like that…
:BradfordUNB: Ha! I spit on your fire!
*Spit!*
*Tshhh…*
:UnknownKAK: …by Siegfried… he just doused a fire by spitting on it!
:UnknownKAK: Err… I’m pretty sure all that water came from behin-
:UnknownKAK: HE DOUSED A FLAME BY SPITTING!!

>It gets worse. Now you're surrounded. Hands on your head, lie on the ground, crime never pays, you know the drill.
:DrinaUNB: Surrender and die!
:DooriyaUNB: She means “or” not “and”…
:DrinaUNB: Meh, you never let me have any fun, Sis!
:UnknownKAK: We surrender! Just don’t let that… thing take us!
:BradfordUNB: I prefer beast, thank you very much…
>Alexandra, I think brad needs medical assistance.
:AlexUNB: …wow, either you’re very lucky or… I don’t know, a reality warper? Anyway, the knife is broken in two-
:BradfordUNB: So I got another piece still stuck in me!?
:AlexUNB: No, it was already broken when it got lodged in there… it barely passed the eye… if the knife had been whole on the other hand…
:BradfordUNB: …I’m pretty sure he didn’t throw a broken knife…
:AlexUNB: How else are you going to explain it? Did you digest the rest of the knife to heal your wound? …of course, the eye is still… well, it’s cleaved in the middle so… yeah… you’re probably going to be wearing an eye path soon.
:BradfordUNB: So I’m going to become a pirate? Yaar, give me some booty!
:AlexUNB: …did you just… okay, who are you and what did you do to Brad?
>Now we need to get that blue stone. We'll need an idea of the layout of the castle.
:UnknownKAK: It’s in the main hall… last door on the left at the end of this corridor.
>and how aware of our presence the enemy is.
:UnknownKAK: Let’s just say that the bearded guy wasn’t exactly subtle… I’m pretty sure they know something is wrong.
:VladUNB: Last door on the left you said? …the same door that a bunch of undead is coming out of right now?
:AlexUNB: Oh great… undead… why can’t it ever be something nice like a pony?
:DrinaUNB: …a pony?
:AlexUNB: They are cute, alright?
:VladUNB: Err… shouldn’t we move before they see us?

Insert The talking dead_
>>
No. 567221 ID: 9ddf68

well first give brad his hammer, then use fire arrows on the undead. If you think you could get away with it you could maybe send someone around form the outside at attack from behind as well or we could simple have someone wait by the hole in the wall to make sure they don't try and pull that trick on us and simple funnel them in the hallway to either be set ablaze by Vlad or torn apart by Brad and the sisters while Alexandra heals whoever needs it.

The reason I don't want to run is simply because undead don't really get tired and if we're going to run all the way back to town at a full sprint even though town is an hour away there's no way in hell we're going to be able to bring back any of the prisoners and they'll probably catch us anyways so we'll be in a even worse spot to fight.
>>
No. 567222 ID: 2c6ff1

>>567220
...ah. So, you're not invincible. I suspect our special player ability is that our king can cheat death via entropy- that would explain the knife breaking mid-flight.

We still need the key stone. Well, time to kill some undead I suppose. Just gotta watch out for the Corrupted. Alternatively, you could pull out and wait for reinforcements while covering this exit. Try to delay the enemy so they can't escape with the key stone, then the reinforcements can eliminate them. Depends on how confident you bunch feel about getting to the key stone and getting out alive.

Brad did you just flirt with Alex? Wait, what is your sexual orientation anyway?
>>
No. 567223 ID: 2c6ff1

>>567221
Let's not waste the single fire arrow Vlad has on rank and file undead. Wait for a Corrupted. Though, those are resistant to fire... I don't know, it's up to Vlad I guess.
>>
No. 567224 ID: 9ddf68

>>567223
you do know that Vlad has infinite arrows because he uses a enchanted quiver right?
>>
No. 567225 ID: 37aa84

Oh now you've done it Alex, you've tempted fate, there'll be an undead pony sooner or later now. Back through the hole everyone let's observe the undead before we do anything rash.
>>
No. 567231 ID: eb10ea

Brad, would you kindly throw something at the hoard? Either the torch or the sword would do. Everybody else, start working on defensive positions. If it doesn't slow them down, Alexandra may need to use some light magic.
>>
No. 567233 ID: d0e0a2

Alexandra, you'd actually prefer the old sourpuss Bradford? I rather like that he has a mood other than "grouch" now.

"The Dread Pirate Bradford." Doesn't sound half bad. You got more than enough beard to pull it off. All you need now is a parrot to go with the eye patch.

Brad, I'm pretty sure the bandit didn't throw a broken knife as well. Keep the broken knife. We'll get somebody who knows metallurgy to examine the broken edge and figure out how it got that way. For all we know your body really did eat it.

We can't deal with arresting the bandits now. Tell 'em it's their relatively lucky day and to get through the hole and run for it.

Okay, we have Brad, so now our mission is to retrieve the stone. I have a plan for that: We push on the main hall, making it look like we're going for the stone. Meanwhile Vlad sneaks out and around front and gets in hides in a position to snipe the cultists' sleds. When they inevitably flee they'll likely leave the Corrupted behind to hold us off. Then Vlad snipes the cultists before they can get away, snags the stone and takes off on one of the sleds, killing the spider on the other sled.

Alexandra, you only have one anti-undead magic burst, right? Unless you can contribute more to Brad, Drina, and Dooriya's assault then you should use it on these undead and flee yourself.
>>
No. 567234 ID: 2c6ff1

>>567224
He does not have infinite elemental arrows.
>>
No. 567240 ID: 3f0c1b

Hand Bradford his hammer, it's time to smash some undead and get that stone.
>>
No. 567267 ID: f1ab32

Oh yeah that reminds me, Vlad- a few other tricks with your arrows-
Wind Arrows turn into a gust right? You might be able to use that to adjust the aim of another arrow depending on how that gust 'explodes' out from the arrow.
Earth Arrows could be used to coat a target in flammable moss for the Fire Arrows.
Water Arrows might eb able to chill or warm a person, depending on what temperature the water provided comes out too, as well as being a minor boost to water supplies to outright being the party's water source depending on how much is produced per shot and how long it takes to recharge!
>>567234
He can only shoot one elemental arrow of each element at a time, with a wait afterwards, depending on how much magical energy is around.
>>
No. 567472 ID: 549d6c
File 139559741210.png - (13.54KB , 900x450 , 53.png )
567472

>Brad did you just flirt with Alex?
:BradfordUNB: (Booty as in loot, not buttocks.)
>Wait, what is your sexual orientation anyway?
:BradfordUNB: (Axe in the face. Preferable someone else’s face.)
>Vlad has infinite arrows because he uses an enchanted quiver right?
:VladUNB: (Um… kind off… it takes like… um… 20-30 seconds for the crystals to come back so…)
>Oh now you've done it Alex, you've tempted fate, there'll be an undead pony sooner or later now.
:AlexUNB: (Better than an undead Troll, at least… oh wait, shi- I did it again, didn’t I?)
>Alexandra, you'd actually prefer the old sourpuss Bradford?
:AlexUNB: (It’s called sarcasm, look it up, dweeb.)
>Alexandra, you only have one anti-undead magic burst, right? Unless you can contribute more to Brad, Drina, and Dooriya's assault then you should use it on these undead and flee yourself.
:AlexUNB: (I’m a healer. I heal people. If they get hurt I’m supposed to be here to heal them. That’s my job, nothing else… so I’m staying in case anyone gets hurt.)

>We can't deal with arresting the bandits now. Tell 'em it's their relatively lucky day and to get through the hole and run for it.
:UnknownKAK: FREEDOM!
:UnknownKAK: FREEEEEDOOOOM!!!
:UnknownKAK: … … …Freeduum…

>I have a plan for that: We push on the main hall, making it look like we're going for the stone. Meanwhile Vlad sneaks out and around front and gets in hides in a position to snipe the cultists' sleds.
:DrinaUNB: By Hel, this is easy!
:DooriyaUNB: Too easy…
:BradfordUNB: They are holding back…
:VladUNB: Guys!!
:AlexUNB: Err… weren’t you supposed to sneak around to the front?
:VladUNB: That’s the thing. There’s like… two dozen undead making a run right for the hole we came in trough. We’re going to be surrounded in just a few seconds!
:BradfordUNB: Ah… flanking… they got someone leading them, then.

Insert Guiding the dead to the other side_
>>
No. 567473 ID: 2c6ff1

>>567472
There's some undead Order members hiding in that doorway. As soon as we get there, we'll be in trouble. Hmm.

Maybe we should retreat. If we can get back outside the flanking maneuver will fail. Of course, we'll still have a shitload of undead on our tails, but at least we won't be surrounded, and we could make a run for it.

The alternative is to make a push through these ranks and find a defensible location, like a good choke point or a room with a really sturdy door we can barricade.
>>
No. 567474 ID: 9ddf68

there's a couple zombies in order armor hiding behind that doorway so I think they're planning to ambush you should you draw closer. Also how soon do you think the undead will get to the hole in the wall?

so for plans... the only thing I'm coming up with is for Vlad to place a few fire arrows in the goons outside of the door while Brad uses his windwalk ability to take out the two undead behind the door while the sisters back up brad as he'll be tire after pulling that stunt. Alex will heal anyone incase something happens. I feel the best course of action we can take right now is to slay whoever is commanding the undead and then make a run for it.
>>
No. 567479 ID: 37aa84

>>567472
We probably shouldn't assume the back hole is the only place reinforcements are coming from they probably have more coming in the front way in case you try to plow your way through the front and try to tun. Alex should use her burst to clear out the nearby undead so you can get into the room foiling the flank and forcing them to funnel in toward Brad, Dooriya, and Drina one at a time.
>>
No. 567483 ID: d0e0a2

Brad, I think I spot their leader just inside the far side of the doorway. It's that fair haired Order captain turned undead that was leading the undead searching for you. [Scan undead ex-Order captain] And I recognize a couple of these undead from back then, so this lot must be his troops. There's also an undead in Order armor just inside the near side of the doorway with its left arm up. I think it's in position to hit anybody who comes through with something, so avoid that.

I want to say push forward and take out their leader, but how will the rest of the undead react once he's down? It they'll just stop in their tracks or something like that, then it'd be our best option right now. But if they'll all just blindly rush to our position and pile on at once then we should try to push back out the hole before we're trapped.

If it'll be better to take the leader out, then here's the plan: Brad, Drina, Dooriya, push forward but not in front of the doorway because that'll potentially put enemies on three sides instead of two. Brad, once you're nearly there get to the side of the hall opposite the doorway. Use your Windwalker ability to draw a throwing axe and hurl it full force through the chest of the leader. Drina, Dooriya, he'll be winded after that, so one of you grab him and pull back.

Are there any other doorways along this corridor back the way we came? Any stairs up? Any other possible way out?

Vlad, will your arrows be of any use against these undead? Because I think they'd just end up angry pincushions coming at us. Would the fire arrow be any better?
>>
No. 567490 ID: a97618

>sexual orientation: Axe in the face
Oh. Thanks for ruining all that violence for us by making it a creepy sex thing.
>>
No. 567499 ID: 549d6c
File 139560681624.png - (13.35KB , 900x450 , 54.png )
567499

>[Scan undead ex-Order captain]
[Hostile Unique Elite Creature: Wraith Controlled Captain Erik the fair haired.]

>Oh. Thanks for ruining all that violence for us by making it a creepy sex thing.
:BradfordUNB: (It’s called a joke. Don’t take everything you hear seriously.)
>Are there any other doorways along this corridor back the way we came?
:VladUNB: (All of them have collapsed years ago.)
>Vlad, will your arrows be of any use against these undead?
:VladUNB: (The normal ones? No… but the fire ones on the other hand…)
>I recognize a couple of these undead…
:DrinaUNB: (Really? Are you sure? Because all these undead looks the same to me…)
>There's some undead Order members hiding in that doorway. As soon as we get there, we'll be in trouble.
:DooriyaUNB: (Hmm, an ambush, yes… hoping to attack us from three directions, are they?)
>Brad, I think I spot their leader just inside the far side of the doorway. It's that fair haired Order captain turned undead that was leading the undead searching for you.
:BradfordUNB: (That’s the one who was shouting orders back then, yes. It got to be him that’s controlling them.)

>how soon do you think the undead will get to the hole in the wall?
:VladUNB: They are already trough but… they are slowing down…
:DrinaUNB: They are hoping that we’ll go forward so they can make this a three-way.
>how will the rest of the undead react once he's down?
:AlexUNB: Going by what we saw at the city, they are just going to follow the last order they got.
:DooriyaUNB: Which is to keep their distance…
:BradfordUNB: Good enough for me.
>Use your Windwalker ability to draw a throwing axe and hurl it full force through the chest of the leader.
:BradfordUNB: *huff* and he’s dead… a bit too easy, if you ask me…
:DooriyaUNB: Good work! Without anyone commanding them they’ll just stand there following their last order!
:DrinaUNB: Great! Let’s go to the main hall then! Quickly!
:AlexUNB: No, wait… something is off… Vlad?
:VladUNB:Scratch…

Insert Cut of the head of the snake…
>>
No. 567500 ID: 2c6ff1

>>567499
Anyone got a mirror? We know how to handle this. Draw blood from Vlad with a blessed weapon to drive out the Wraith, then kill it, again with a blessed weapon. You'll only be able to see the Wraith with a mirror though.

Here, let me summon our [spear] to help. Brad can have it, since he's the only fighter without a blessed weapon. Wait shit actually no nevermind, Brad don't touch it it'll probably hurt you.
>>
No. 567508 ID: d0e0a2

Fuck! Wraith jumped from the captain to Vlad! Dooriya, restrain him! [Check corruption level][Check status of "The Hunter"]

Drina, get ready to give Vlad a small cut with your sword from arm's length; A cut from a blessed weapon will drive the wraith out. But wait until we've checked for illusions and are in position to deal with it once it's out.

Alexandra, get your mirrors out. Check for illusions with one and toss the other one to Brad. Then get ready to cast some "holy" magic at the wraith. Brad, do a mirror check, then use it to target the wraith is once it's loose.

We want to keep everyone as far back from Vlad as possible when the wraith is driven out so it can't jump to someone else before it's dealt with. Spread out. Alexandra, Dooriya, move one way. Brad, Drina, go the other. When we're ready Dooriya will toss Vlad in between and Drina will make the cut. Then Brad will strike at the wraith and Alexandra will cast at it if misses.
>>
No. 567512 ID: cb8496

Hey Alex how good is your magic against wraiths? Cause Vlad's just got attacked by one so if you could smite the shit out a vlad without hurting him please do so.
>>
No. 567517 ID: 549d6c
File 139561443232.png - (14.79KB , 900x450 , 55.png )
567517

>[Check corruption level]
[We will not let you ruin this world, monster!]
>[Check status of "The Hunter"]
[You don’t belong in this world! Die monster!]

>Fuck! Wraith jumped from the captain to Vlad!
:AlexUNB: VLAD!!
:DrinaUNB: Wait, a wraith!?
>Here, let me summon our [spear] to help.
:BradfordUNB: …what spear?
>Brad can have it, since he's the only fighter without a blessed weapon.
:BradfordUNB: …last time I checked my weapon was blessed. The archbishop blessed it, remember?
>A cut from a blessed weapon will drive the wraith out.
:DrinaUNB: Right, cutting time!
:DooriyaUNB: Wait, something isn’t… right…
:VladUNB: …Scratch… scratch scratch…
:AlexUNB: Be strong, Vlad…

>Anyone got a mirror?
:AlexUNB: Right, I got one right here… somewhere…
:DrinaUNB: We can always use my sword… it’s pretty reflective… even though I cut down three of these undead bastards… hmm… why isn’t my sword at all bloody, I wo-
*Crunch!*
:UnbrokenUNB: EEEE!!!! IT BURNS US!!!!
:DooriyaUNB: …what the-
:BradfordUNB: I saw him in the reflection of the sword.
:VladUNB: ALEXANDRA!!
:AlexUNB: Vlad!? Are you alright?
:VladUNB: Why are you asking me? You’re the one who started bleeding trough your eyes!
:AlexUNB: Err… that’s… that was an illusion…
:DrinaUNB: Err… guys, we’re still surrounded by the undead…
:DooriyaUNB: …they don’t seem to be doing much, though…

Insert What is a man? A miserable little pile of BULLSHIT!_
>>
No. 567521 ID: 2c6ff1

>>567517
Looks like we can't summon the spear in this era. Past-only, I guess.

There's still no blood on the sword which means there's still illusions present. Unfortunately until you guys can end the illusions, we won't be of any help with our diagnostic abilities. Wraiths can block them and submit false reports. Mirrors should allow a limited view of reality.

Oh, actually, Drina, if you cut yourself with that sword even a little bit it'll dispel your illusions. This is confirmed to work. Then you can tell us what's really going on. Or we can maybe make you our primary host so that we'll see what you see.
>>
No. 567523 ID: f1ab32

Wait, hang on a second guys, look at what the Wraith said.
[We will not let you ruin this world, monster!]
[You don’t belong in this world! Die monster!]
Before we continue, I'd like to open the lines of dialouge.
Wraith, what can you tell us about this conflict?
We're fighting a war and we don't know why. Information on that would be very nice right about now-depending on what the story is we might end up fighting alongside you guys.
>>
No. 567536 ID: d0e0a2

Wait a sec... I thought wraiths could only mess with our status messages if one is infesting us directly and possibly when in one of our pawns, but not from the outside. Either they actually can do that or one of you guys is infested. Or we're infested. Again. And how could we see the wraith fleeing when it's not in a reflection? Yeah, things definitely aren't adding up here.

Okay, we got wraith illusions and can't tell what's what anymore. Hell, based on Drina's sword not being coated in blood these undead could all be illusions. I'm not going to bank on that though, especially when those undead just came up behind us. Move into a defensive formation just to be safe. Vlad, Alexandra, get between Drina and Dooriya. Brad, grab your hammer and pull back.

A cut that draws blood or pain caused by a blessed weapon will dispel a wraith's illusions for that person. Brad, smack your nose with your hammer. Drina, Dooriya, give yourselves a cut each with your blades. Alexandra, if you have a blessed weapon use it on yourself then Vlad. Otherwise Drina and Dooriya can give you each a cut.

Dooriya, where'd your blessed dagger go? Don't tell me that in this kind of situation you sheathed it.

>>567523
Haven't you learned anything about wraiths? They're warped souls that deal in torment, lies and illusions. And on top of that this wraith is working for the Blood God. We're not going to get anything of value by talking to it.
>>
No. 567714 ID: 65a774
File 139584926840.png - (13.77KB , 900x450 , 56.png )
567714

>Wraith, what can you tell us about this conflict?
:BradfordUNB: …I’m pretty sure being consumed in burning light makes it hard for you to answer a question like that.
:VladUNB: Is it dead?
:DrinaUNB: Well, that light show it performed did look painful…
>How could we see the wraith fleeing when it's not in a reflection?
:AlexUNB: Hmmm… maybe the light that engulfed it made it visible?
:DooriyaUNB: “…Wraiths are only visible to people who can see the spirits of the dead(Ghosts now withstanding.), people who can see magical lay lines, through mirrors or by people wounded by holy magic (Alternative, the wraith being wounded by holy magic.).
:DrinaUNB: …that book of yours is starting to outshine my sword, you know…
>Move into a defensive formation just to be safe.
:BradfordUNB: …who’s touching my bum?
:VladUNB: S-sorry…
>Dooriya, where'd your blessed dagger go? Don't tell me that in this kind of situation you sheathed it.
:DooriyaUNB: Err… what dagger? I didn’t have my dagger drawn?
:AlexUNB: I think he means that light thing you had hovering over your hand.
:DooriyaUNB: Oh, I… that was just a spell I was preparing… I can’t keep it up forever, you know.

>Drina, if you cut yourself with that sword even a little bit it'll dispel your illusions.
:DrinaUNB: Hmm… interesting, my blood seems to just… flow of the sword. It doesn’t even leave a mark!
:DooriyaUNB: And the illusions?
:DrinaUNB: Hmm? Oh, I can’t see any difference…
:AlexUNB: I can’t see anything wrong in the mirrors either.
:VladUNB: Err… guys… shouldn’t we be worried about the undead?
:DrinaUNB: We’ve been standing here for what feels like three days now. If they haven’t done anything yet they won’t probably do anything in the near future either.
:DooriyaUNB: They are following the last order they got… hmm… I wonder what exactly that guy ordered them to-
:BradfordUNB: Enough talk, it’s time to find some cultist heads the bash!
:DrinaUNB: To Cleave!
:VladUNB: …um… to shoot?

Insert Just hanging around, complimenting to hang yourself… and do pull ups_
>>
No. 567716 ID: e632fb

...Okay. Brad, do you have your eye back!?
Well, if the Undead are just sitting there, Vlad, pick out the meanest, toughest undead, and shoot it with a moss arrow, then a flame one to make a really big bonfire out of it.
From there, we see what happens. they'll either attack at that point, in which case we should probably try and break out of this ambush, or they'll just sit there uselessly...
I wonder...
Brad, could you order them around?
>>
No. 567717 ID: 2c6ff1

>>567714
Oh okay let's go then. Keep killing the undead as you go- wait a minute, I know for sure that the undead in front of you have been ordered to attack when you move past the doorway, and likely the undead behind you too. So take out the undead behind you first.
>>
No. 567718 ID: d0e0a2

...Brad, did your eye grow back or are we mis-seeing things again?

Drina, I think your sword is catching up with Dooriya's book. Since its self-cleaning and self-polishing I'd bet that it's also self-sharpening and possibly self-repairing as well. That'd be something worth checking out later.

Dooriya, we did not know you were a mage because we hadn't seen you in combat before. We thought you were another fighter like your sister. Sorry about that. Now that we know that we'll need to know what your magic capabilities are so we can take them into account for our plans.

If the undead had orders to attack once we reached the doorway it would have triggered when Brad stepped through it to retrieve his throwing axe. So I think they won't attack if we continue on to the main hall. Still, just to be safe, destroy any you pass by. And be on watch for those Corrupted. While I'd be surprised if the cultists haven't fled with the keystone by now, they could have left one or both of the Corrupted behind to try and capture Brad.

What do you guys know about how mindless undead ownership works? Can the owner designate others as allowed to give orders to the undead? What about groups of people? I worry that these undead could have been instructed to take orders from any of the cultists. That'd mean they could still be a threat.
>>
No. 567721 ID: 65a774
File 139586759390.png - (18.79KB , 900x450 , 57.png )
567721

>Drina, I think your sword is catching up with Dooriya's book. Since its self-cleaning and self-polishing I'd bet that it's also self-sharpening and possibly self-repairing as well.
:DrinaUNB: Hmm… that is quite interesting… I wonder… hmm…
>Dooriya, we did not know you were a mage because we hadn't seen you in combat before.
:DooriyaUNB: I’m not so much a mage as an… well, my official title is “Inquisitor” but… I don’t really hunt heretics or anything. I just wield holy magic offensively.

>If the undead had orders to attack once we reached the doorway it would have triggered when Brad stepped through it to retrieve his throwing axe.
:AlexUNB: …did you actually walk in front of the door?
:BradfordUNB: …I don’t think so. I used my mace to grab the axe from more than an arm length… just in case that fellow in the doorway got the bright idea to swing his sword. Don’t want to lose an arm by a simple mistake like that.
>What do you guys know about how mindless undead ownership works?
:DooriyaUNB: Normal undead have runes which force them to obey certain people. As far as I know, these guys don’t have any runes, so I have no idea how their ownership actually works.
>Brad, could you order them around?
:BradfordUNB: I command you to kill yourself, undead! …attack each other? …I order you to turn around? …I command thee to just stand there and stare!
:DrinaUNB: By the Thane, it’s working! Look at them staring!

>Brad, do you have your eye back!?
:BradfordUNB: Hmm? It seems so?
:AlexUNB: Alright, I’m calling bullshit here! I tended that wound just a few minutes ago and now, now it’s completely gone! The human body is not supposed to work like that!!
:DrinaUNB: Maybe Brad is just so badass that his body ac-
:AlexUNB: No. He’s supposed to be dead. Death by having a freaking dagger lodged in the brain! Something is wrong!
:VladUNB: Err… Alex, ma-
:DooriyaUNB: Alexandra.
:VladUNB: Alexandra, maybe you should calm down a bit… at least when we’re still out in the field.
>I'd be surprised if the cultists haven't fled with the keystone by now.
:DrinaUNB: As we’ve been standing around doing nothing the last minute… probably.
>Well, if the Undead are just sitting there, Vlad, pick out the meanest, toughest undead, and shoot it with a moss arrow, then a flame one to make a really big bonfire out of it.
:VladUNB: Righto!
:DooriyaUNB: Wait, I don’t think lighting a fi-
*Swoosh!*
:CultistUNB: Oh god! I told you to wait until I got out with the oil before putting them to the fla- OH SHIT IT BURNS!!!
:CultistUNB: Um… but I haven’t even lit the torch yet…
:DooriyaUNB: Err…
>Take out the undead behind you first.
:DooriyaUNB: Right, this is clearly a trap, so let’s get out of here by- why is the undead behind us burning too!?
:CultistUNB: Burn, Infidels!
:VladUNB: …to be fair, this is not my fault. They would have started that fire without my help… right?
:DrinaUNB: Shut it, Vlad.

Insert We didn’t start the fire!_
>>
No. 567722 ID: 90cf71

well the side door looks clear still, but I still see one undead in there and there might be more so you should probably send the more melee heavy guys in first to tear them apart.
>>
No. 567724 ID: 2c6ff1

>>567721
Well it's not like this trap is going to do anything since the undead are just going to stand there and burn. How about we just wait until they're ash before heading through the door to clean up the rest?
>>
No. 567740 ID: d0e0a2

Everyone get down before you add smoke inhalation to your list of problems.

Were these undead doused in lamp oil before they were sent in? 'Cause if so then I'd guess the cultists were planning on igniting them as soon as they got us in a three-way fight. If that had happened it would have gone really badly for us.

Vlad, hold the air arrow and be ready to smash it against the floor if the smoke starts to get too thick. I'm guessing it'll let loose a blast of fresh air which will leave a breathable area for a few seconds.

Okay, the obvious way out is into the main hall, but that's what the cultists would be expecting. I'd rather surprise them by going the unexpected route, back out the hole. It's possible to pull off. If everyone crawls along and keeps their heads under the smoke, Brad can knock the burning undead to one side of the hall as we go, leaving a flame-free path up the other side.

However if that's not possible due to there being flaming oil all over the floor that way then we'll have to go into the main hall. Brad, you're on point. Alexandra, lend him your mirror so he can check around corners with it.

Dooriya, do undead turn to dust when you hit them with holy magic? If so, is it flammable dust? 'Cause if it is then you could dust a undead, then Vlad shoot a fire arrow so it breaks in the dust cloud, causing a dust explosion.

Alexandra, we have no idea why or how Brad can do what he did, but I wouldn't call it "wrong." At least, not yet. We get back to town and the first person Brad'll be visiting is Dr. Vadoma to get his life essence checked. Maybe we'll find out something interesting. Like Brad is secretly Wolverine.
>>
No. 567749 ID: d315b1

Let's try using a water arrow to push back the flames, if we haven't exhausted our magic arrows yet.
>>
No. 567771 ID: a97618

>Something is wrong!
Yup. We agree with that assessment, Alex. Unfortunately, we're in the middle of kind of a tense situation, and examination of the medical impossibilities will have to wait till later. Can't really do anything about it now.

>flame trap
...okay, so obviously they we planning on ordering the undead to advance, next. However, I'm not sure they can hear over the fire, and you caught the cultists in one side on the burn. They may not get those orders.
>>
No. 567787 ID: 65a774
File 139594142868.png - (11.69KB , 900x450 , 58.png )
567787

>Brad is secretly Wolverine.
Welp, you just spoiled the big twist in the end. Congratulations, you just ruined the surprise for everyone!

>Let's try using a water arrow to push back the flames, if we haven't exhausted our magic arrows yet.
*Tshh…*
:DooriyaUNB: Um… how much water is it in one of those things?
:VladUNB: About a full kettle, why?
:DooriyaUNB: Well… err…
:BradfordUNB: It’s like you’re trying to kill a large forest fire by pissing on it.
>Yup. We agree with that assessment, Alex. Unfortunately, we're in the middle of kind of a tense situation, and examination of the medical impossibilities will have to wait till later.
:AlexUNB: Remind me to stick a few knives in him when we get home.
:VladUNB: For science?
:AlexUNB: For my amusement.

>How about we just wait until they're ash before heading through the door to clean up the rest?
:AlexUNB: Because standing between two raging fires in an enclosed space is really the greatest idea ever, isn’t it?
:DrinaUNB: *Cough*Cough* Ugh… t-the smoke is starting to get heavy! *Cough*
:AlexUNB: …you do realize you can just bend down for now, right? …tsk, tall people.
>Vlad, hold the air arrow and be ready to smash it against the floor if the smoke starts to get too thick.
:VladUNB: Right! …wow, you guys are getting really creative with these arrows, aren’t you?
>Okay, the obvious way out is into the main hall, but that's what the cultists would be expecting.
:DooriyaUNB: Um… large raging fire in the way…
>If everyone crawls along and keeps their heads under the smoke, Brad can knock the burning undead to one side of the hall as we go, leaving a flame-free path up the other side.
:BradfordUNB: They are more like a pile by now and… wait, is that a bench I see?
:AlexUNB: Oh crap, they are feeding the fire with whatever wooden furniture they can find in this old fort!
>Dooriya, do undead turn to dust when you hit them with holy magic? If so, is it flammable dust?
:DooriyaUNB: Err… well, they do turn into dust… kind off… but not flammable dust…

>The side door looks clear still, but I still see one undead in there and there might be more so you should probably send the more melee heavy guys in first to tear them apart.
:BradfordUNB: See! I told you he were ordered to attack whoever poked their head inside the door.
:VladUNB: You didn’t have to shove his head up his butt and throw him into the fire for that.
:BradfordUNB: He made an scratch on my hammer. He deserved that.
:AlexUNB: …that was so physically impossible I’m going to puke…
:DooriyaUNB: Not to be rude but… what now? This is a dead end!

Insert You’re tearing me apart, Alex!
>>
No. 567788 ID: dbe554

Is the base under a lake or something? Desperate times call for desperate measures and to poke holes in the thing?
>>
No. 567789 ID: 2c6ff1

>>567787
Break yon wall, ride water to freedom. Or if it turns out not to be that heavy a flow you can just use it to put out the fires then kill the cultists and get the key stone.
>>
No. 567791 ID: a97618

...a cracked dead end. Breaking that open will either lead to freedom, or a whole lot of water to put out the fire.

Take a deep breath, everyone.
>>
No. 567793 ID: 65a774
File 139594564567.png - (11.96KB , 900x450 , 59.png )
567793

>Is the base under a lake or something?
:AlexUNB: Of course not. That would be silly.
:DrinaUNB: But where is the water coming from?
:DooriyaUNB: Haven’t you guys notice how warm it is in here. This place probably has some kind of magical heating that still works. The water is probably just snow melting from the heat.
>Break yon wall, ride water to freedom.
:BradfordUNB: Hmm… mostly just snow.
:VladUNB: Aw… I wanted to ride the wave!
:BradfordUNB: But it did open up a way ou- wait, I think I just saw something out there…

Insert I heard you liked ambushes so I put an ambush in your ambush_
>>
No. 567797 ID: 2c6ff1

>>567793
A Corrupted cultist! Brad, don't try to take it on in melee. Lure it out. Drina, blast it when it shows its stupid one-eyed face. Speaking of which there's one BEHIND you too! I see a tentacle spike incoming!
>>
No. 567800 ID: d315b1

>>567793
Corrupted on the roof, and another coming in from the hall. Focus on the one behind you first, it looks like it's about to hit Dooriya.
>>
No. 567801 ID: d0e0a2

Fuck! It's the two Corrupted! One on the roof and one behind us! Goddammit, why didn't we remember these things are impervious to fire?!

Brad, step back so the one above can't shoot a tentacle spike into you. Get it to drop down here. These things are strong and very fast and agile so go full Windwalker as soon as it drops into view. Aim for the eye.

Incoming tentacle barb from behind! Drina, Dooriya, get down! Dooriya, cast holy magic back at it; Wide and weak if you can to temporarily blind it. Drina, tip the table up for cover. Alexandra, Vlad, get into cover. Vlad, nock an arrow and aim for the eye of the Corrupted coming up the hall.
>>
No. 567818 ID: 2f4b71

The good news is, you now have a big pile of easily portable fire extinguishing material.
>>
No. 567869 ID: ffa549

Well, at least with an air vent, the asphyxiation risk just decreased sharply.

But, yes. Tentacle up there. Probably means a corrupted. There's also a really thin cord with a spearhead behind Dooriya, too. Not sure if that's another corrupted or some kind of weapon (whip? Hookshot? Half of a thrown bolo-like weapon while the rest s offscreen?) but it probably demands a response of some kind.
>>
No. 568183 ID: 65a774
File 139627348409.png - (11.74KB , 900x450 , 60.png )
568183

>The good news is, you now have a big pile of easily portable fire extinguishing material.
:BradfordUNB: Even better news, we got a way out and can ignore the fire completely.
>Fuck! It's the two Corrupted!
:DrinaUNB: …wait, was that those tentacle guys you we-
>Focus on the one behind you first, it looks like it's about to hit Dooriya.
:DooriyaUNB: AAH!!
:DrinaUNB: SIS!!!
>Brad, step back so the one above can't shoot a tentacle spike into you.
*Tock!*
>Vlad, nock an arrow and aim for the eye of the Corrupted coming up the hall.
:VladUNB: Err… I can’t. It’s isn’t standing in the doorway. The only thing I can see is those tentacle things!
:CorruptedRUSTED: *Hurk*

Insert Guess who’s back… back again… of course, no one cares but… I’ll shut up now…_
>>
No. 568185 ID: ffa549

>Err… I can’t. It’s isn’t standing in the doorway.
...I don't suppose you can use an air arrow to fire around corners? Ie, firing two arrows in quick succession- using the wind to change the direction of the arrow close to the door.
>>
No. 568196 ID: 2c6ff1

>>568183
I have a feeling we might need to bust through the damaged wall behind Vlad to escape and kill the Cultist on the roof.

By the way, that HURK is the Corrupted about to puke up acid. Get out of the way!
>>
No. 568203 ID: eb10ea

Yank on one of the tentacles to pull the cultists into range. You can start with the one above, and deal with a disoriented, outnumbered and cornered opponent; or start with the one at the end of the hall if you need a quick exit.

Is Dooriya alright? Alexandra, make sure she wasn't poisoned or something.
>>
No. 568205 ID: 65a774
File 139629900316.png - (12.21KB , 900x450 , 61.png )
568205

>...I don't suppose you can use an air arrow to fire around corners? Ie, firing two arrows in quick succession- using the wind to change the direction of the arrow close to the door.
:VladUNB: (Um… I would be able to hit another arrow with the wind, yes, but… I don’t think I can choose which direction it will be sent flying… or if it will start spinning around. It’s probably just going to end with the arrow spinning out of control and hitting a wall harmlessly… or the floor…)

>By the way, that HURK is the Corrupted about to puke up acid. Get out of the way!
:DrinaUNB: Table! Save us!
*Tshhh…*
:VladUNB: Go table!
>Yank on one of the tentacles to pull the cultists into range.
:CorruptedRUSTED: Your souls are ours to con- OH SHI- MFFF!!!
:BradfordUNB: So… if we make snow angles, what does squids make?
>Is Dooriya alright? Alexandra, make sure she wasn't poisoned or something.
:AlexUNB: That’s… odd. It’s not bleeding but… it’s… rotting?
:DooriyaUNB: Woo… I’m feeling a bit… light headed…

Insert Table, brother of Lizbeth’s Nemesis, sacrificed himself for our survival. We’ll always remember his courage…_
>>
No. 568206 ID: 2c6ff1

>>568205
She's turning! Smite her! Or do some sort of holy magic to purge the corruption!
[check status of Dooriya]

Brad, please kill the thing in the snow. Smash it into pulp, that'll work fine. Then we can escape.
>>
No. 568208 ID: 95fea5

Brad finish that thing off quick, Vlad can you just lunch a few fire arrows into the hall and then lunch a air arrow to blow the flames around and hopefully splash the cultish thing with fire, Alex any healing spells you think would help here?

[Scan all pawns]
>>
No. 568209 ID: eb10ea

Take the head as a trophy to scare the crap out of the bandits. Vlad, shoot at the door to keep them suppressed.

Well Dooriyas' eyes just turned pink, and I doubt amputation will fix anything that can spread that quickly. If magic doesn't work, we'll need to make a tactical retreat.
>>
No. 568219 ID: d0e0a2

Brad, hammer that Corrupted into a thin paste against the wall before it can do anything. Not against the floor since it looks like it might give way and drop the Corrupted out of reach.

Dooriya's eyes have changed color. Whatever that venom was, it spreads fast. It's too late to amputate the wounded limb. Any treatment for it will have to be for the whole body.

Dooriya, cast holy magic on yourself if you still can. If that doesn't help then get out your book and quickly look up the effects and antidote or treatment for the venom or sting of a second stage daemon corrupted. Alexandra, if Dooriya can't do either one of those then do it for her.

The tentacles of the Corrupted around the corner must have a limit to their reach, so everyone move back from the doorway. Drina, move the weapon rack around for cover and everyone get behind it. Vlad, fire at anything that moves out from the doorway.

>>568208
Vlad, don't waste your fire arrows on Corrupted. They're immune to fire. That's how the one behind us got through the inferno. Now explosions are another matter, but we don't have anything on hand that could cause one.
>>
No. 568221 ID: d315b1

The last one we fought was immune to fire but was burned by water. If we're going to shoot a magic arrow at it, use a water arrow.
>>
No. 568222 ID: d0e0a2

>>568221
But that one was standing in a bathtub full of water, which it was boiling away and not acting like it was in pain from coming in contact with. I'm thinking it'll take a lot more than a water arrow's worth of water to harm that Corrupted. Though landing a water arrow in its eye might do damage, I'd rather use a regular arrow since that'd be almost certain to cause damage.
>>
No. 568398 ID: 65a774
File 139636642356.png - (11.88KB , 900x450 , 62.png )
568398

>[check status of Dooriya]
[“The Sister of Wisdom” Status: Decaying!]

>Dooriya, cast holy magic on yourself if you still can.
:DooriyaUNB: Why no, Mr. Poppit, I don’t want any more crumpets for my tea…
>If that doesn't help then get out your book and quickly look up the effects and antidote or treatment for the venom or sting of a second stage daemon corrupted.
:AlexUNB: Let’s see… “The corrupted’s barb will not only inject toxic into its target when it hits its mark, but also corruption from the being who created them. The toxic itself isn’t lethal, but it will quickly incapacitate its victim. The corruption, on the other hand, will spread through the body and outright decay the flesh of the victim and turn it into a mindless undead. There are no known cures or remedies for either the toxic or the corruption.”
:DrinaUNB: What do you mean, no known cures!?
>Alex any healing spells you think would help here?
:AlexUNB: I… I don’t know anything that would… I don’t even know what’s happening with her! By the light, her whole hand is rotting now!

>Brad, please kill the thing in the snow. Smash it into pulp, that'll work fine.
*Crash!*
:CorruptedRUSTED: Mother… please… l-let me… dream…
:BradfordUNB: I’m pretty sure he won’t survive that!
>The tentacles of the Corrupted around the corner must have a limit to their reach, so everyone move back from the doorway.
:BradfordUNB: I don’t think it can reach us from over there.
:VladUNB: I’ll shoot it if it tries to get closer!
:BradfordUNB: So, what’s the plan?
:DooriyaUNB: Oh… a purple worm… dancing the night away… under… s-sun?
:DrinaUNB: The plan is to FREAKING SAVE MY SISTER!!
:AlexUNB: No need to shout… geez…
:DooriyaUNB: The wheel goes around and aroung and arouse and agunde…

Insert I had a dream_
>>
No. 568409 ID: ffa549

Possibilities. If she's being infected by Corruption from the one who stuck her, we might be able to stop the process by killing it. It's possible you could burn it out of her with holy power (although at what risk to her safety I'm not sure). If we're really desperate, we might be able to stop the spread by amputating the afflicted limb.

...or we could always try sucking out the snake's venom out of the wound. It's a good thing we got our corruption back down to 1%, cause I think this is gonna sting.

[Draw Corruption out of of Dooriya and into ourself]
[Check pawn status]
[Check Corruption level]

Hopefully the toxin will wear off in time or you find a treatment for it. We can't do squat about that, directly.

Brad, you could always chop the ends off those tentacles. There's a very painful disadvantage to fighting with your own sensitive bits.
>>
No. 568417 ID: 3f0c1b

>>568409
I would like to point out that this is a horrible plan, and I hope for all our sakes that it will work!

[Draw Corruption out of of Dooriya and into ourself]
[Check pawn status]
[Check Corruption level]

Now someone go kill that Corrupted before we reach dangerous levels!
>>
No. 568420 ID: d0e0a2

Ohgodsohgodsohgods! What do we do?! I don't know what to do! Um. Um. Try anything!

Drina, illusion check; Cut yourself. Then give your sister a cut; Maybe that'll do something. Press the flat of your blade against her head? Ummm. Oh! She has a connection to Lightbringer through her dreams! We get her asleep and dreaming so Lightbringer will come to her. Maybe he can stop or remove the corruption or knows how to, and we'll drop in to her dream to help too.

Look in the Book for ways to quickly get a mantis asleep and dreaming. We'll try this: [Force pawn "The Sister of Wisdom" asleep and dreaming] Maybe it'll work.

Brad, lets get rid of that other Corrupted before it causes more trouble. Collect your throwing axe and step over to just outside the range of its tentacles. When both move near Windwalk to grab them and haul the Corrupted out into the open where Vlad can pepper it with arrows. Then hold on both tentacles with one hand while chucking your throwing axe at the Corrupted with the other.
>>
No. 568432 ID: e9e331

well if the rotting is simply spreading from the wound and the poison isn't lethal then only her claw is fucked right now and she's simply high. I think we're going to have to cut off her claw so she doesn't rot into a mindless undead. We got healers here and she's drugged out of her mind so I don't think there's to much to worry about as long as she doesn't get hit again.
>>
No. 568434 ID: 2c6ff1

>>568398
I'm thinking... Kill the Corrupted that hit her. Corruption has a source in all other cases, why wouldn't it be the case here?

Try to draw it out; taunt it. Or maybe... Brad, think you're good enough to dodge barbs while cutting the tentacles so you can get to it and kill it?
>>
No. 568438 ID: d0e0a2

>>568432
Dammit, I thought the corruption had already spread into her body. Maybe it hasn't. Dooriya's hand is done for anyway, so may as well remove it now and possibly save her.

Drina, find the point on Dooriya's arm where the corruption has spread the farthest and make the cut a bit past that on the good side. Get Brad to do it if you can't for one reason or another. Alexandra, help with the cutting by placing Dooriya's bad arm over your shoulder and bracing yourself.
>>
No. 568441 ID: 65a774
File 139637546751.png - (12.10KB , 900x450 , 63.png )
568441

>[Draw Corruption out of of Dooriya and into ourself]
[Suicide is not the answer.]
>[Check Corruption level]
[8% and rising slowly.]
>[Check pawn status]
[“The Savage” Status: Pissed off. “The hunter” Status: Depressed, Scared. “The priest” Status: Exited. “The Alchemist” Status: Tipsy, Horny. “Sister of Wisdom” Status: Decaying. “Sister of Power” Status: Scared. “The Valkyrie” Status: Depressed, Tired, Bored.]

>Drina, illusion check; Cut yourself.
:DrinaUNB: …still decaying…
>Then give your sister a cut; Maybe that'll do something. Press the flat of your blade against her head?
:DooriyaUNB: Oh? Flowers? For me? How nice of you…
>Look in the Book for ways to quickly get a mantis asleep and dreaming.
:AlexUNB: …can’t find anything… at least, nothing we can use right now.
>I think we're going to have to cut off her claw so she doesn't rot into a mindless undead.
:DrinaUNB: …right, let’s do this!
:AlexUNB: Wait! Let me… just get my belt and… um… I’ll need to make sure she doesn’t bleed to death.
:DrinaUNB: Hurry! The corruption is already spreading along her forearm!

>Brad, let’s get rid of that other Corrupted before it causes more trouble. Collect your throwing axe and step over to just outside the range of its tentacles. When both move near Windwalk to grab them and haul the Corrupted out into the open where Vlad can pepper it with arrows.
:VladUNB: Watch out for the barbs!
:BradfordUNB: Don’t worry, I’ll take care of those.
:CorruptedRUSTED: *Hiss!*
*Tock!*
:BradfordUNB: Hey! Catching the axe is cheating!
:CorruptedRUSTED: *Giggle* Die… *Cough*Cough*

Insert This is why you don’t smoke, kids.
>>
No. 568444 ID: 95fea5

HE CAUGHT YOUR AX!!! WELL IF HE WANTS IT THAT BAD JUST USE YOUR HAMMER TO SLAM IT INTO IT'S FACE!! But yeah if you don't think that will work just hit him with your hammer and have Vlad light the bastard on fire. Remove That claw now before we have to take off her whole arm.
>>
No. 568448 ID: 65a774
File 139637718599.png - (251.79KB , 1438x552 , 64.png )
568448

>Just kick his ass already!
-and then the great Bradford kicked ass and chewed some bubble gum!
…I’m starting to see a pattern here…
The squid didn’t stand a chance! He clonked him in the head and then he decked him in the snout!
…yeah, you’re not the best at describing fighting sequences, are you?
So he gave that stupid squid a taste of retribution-
Err… I don’t think that word means what you thi-
and hit him so hard he flew to the moon!!
…right… so… what happened to that mantis chick? The… not Drina one?
Oh, Bradford, in his glorious wisdom, stared really angry at the wound and the corruption became so scared it just gave up!
…then why was she missing an arm when you got back?
…Err… I have a perfectly reasonable explanation for that… I just need to… um… ask the voices to jog my memory, that’s all… right, voices?
…yes, I’m sure… why don’t you ask them about that stone you’re all complaining about too... and are the crayon drawing really necessary?
Of course! How else are you going to envision this epic!?
…*Sigh* Barkeep… another drink.

I’ve decide from now on, to save time, I’ll dump the pixel artwork and instead do everything in… eh, who am I kidding…

Insert Whoever can guess who’s talking wins a free nothing! Did you hear that? A WHOLE NOTHING!!_
>>
No. 568459 ID: 88960e

>[Suicide is not the answer.]
And here I assumed we had a higher capacity for corruption than the mortals.
>>
No. 568460 ID: 2c6ff1

>>568448
Vlad is the best artist.

Okay after that, Brad was really hungry so the kind mantis lady cut off her own arm in thanks to feed the mighty beast!
>>
No. 568474 ID: d0e0a2

I'm guessing it's Vlad and Jal.

Even though Brad stopped the corruption Dooriya's hand and forearm had rotted from it. They had to amputate before gangrene set in and killed her. I wish we could have kept the severed limb for necromantic reattachment but it was too far gone for that.

And the stone is one of a set of eight keystones that combined with a lesser elemental rune will open the vault of one of the four Greater Elemental Runes; Basically runes with god-level power that can alter the world. One was recently used to change the Serath from desert to jungle, so they're that powerful.
>>
No. 568696 ID: 3f0c1b

>>568448
The answer to any and all inconsistencies that work to our advantage is "the beard did it".
>>
No. 568811 ID: 65a774
File 139644849665.png - (503.67KB , 1438x845 , 65.png )
568811

>The stone is one of a set of eight keystones that combined with a lesser elemental rune will open the vault of one of the four Greater Elemental Runes; Basically runes with god-level power that can alter the world.
Ah, so that’s why you’re so beat up about losing it.
Personally, my theory is that those squids used their portal making thing to run away with it.
…wait, didn’t you say that you killed both of them?
They are both dead, sure, but that doesn’t mean they opened a portal and let one of the cultist escape before they attacked us. Now… where was I…

>The answer to any and all inconsistencies that work to our advantage is "the beard did it".
>Okay after that, Brad was really hungry…
The reason she lost an arm is… the beard…
…the beard?
It has a life on its own… and at times not even the mighty Bradford can control it!
...right, I know you got a nice beard and all but-
The Beard… it hungers… and in a moment of weakness it grabbed Dooriya and started to consume her! It ate her whole, forcing her still wriggling form down it’s throat!
Wait, the beard has a throat?
-and Vlad watched in horror, screaming “It’s eating her! Then it’s going to eat me! By the THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
Seriously, what have you been drinking… and where can I get a glass?
-AAAAAAAAAA-
You know what, never mind… Barkeep! A glass of whatever my friend is drinking, if you please.
-AAAAAAAAAANE!!! ...”Oh, before we die, let’s have some gay sex, Vladimir” said Alex. “Oh that would please me great- wait, GAY!?” answered Vlad… and then Vlad ran away all heartbroken because the girl he’s in love with is a guy.
Err… I think we’re getting a bit off topic here…
Oh no! The beard is out of control! It will consume the whole world! Run for your lives!
Never fear, the Alchemist Mantis is here! Die beard!
Ha! You’ll never defeat the mighty Beard!
Pff, the Alchemist Mantis is a super hero! Look, he even got a cape! …and you know that heroes always wins, right?
Well then, hit me with your best shot, Bottle boy!
Ha, taste… err…. Taste… how the hell do you defeat a world consuming sentient beard?

Insert That’s the question I always ask when I look into the mirror in the morning_
>>
No. 568821 ID: ffa549

>how the hell do you defeat a world consuming sentient beard?
Ask it if that's a grey hair.
>>
No. 568826 ID: 6995d8

There is only one logical explanation for this:
Data is now writing the story.
>>
No. 568827 ID: d0e0a2

How does Alchemist Mantis defeat a world consuming sentient beard? With alchemy, of course!

Alchemist Mantis downs a hyper-speed potion and zooms past The Beard and collect a sample of it! With his super-alchemy skill he analyzes it and concocts an ultra-concentrated beard destroying gas! He then loads the gas into a rocket (which he just designed and built) and launches it down The Beard's throat! With a mighty "KA-WHOOMP" The Beard explodes into a cloud of hair which floats harmlessly to the ground! Unfortunately the fallout from the gas also destroys all other beards in the Northlands, leading to the Vildmen kingdoms declaring an eternal vendetta on Alchemist Mantis.

>Ah, so that’s why you’re so beat up about losing it.
That's half of it. The other half is that we pointlessly cost Dooriya her arm 'cause we didn't figure the cultists would be smart and toss it through a squid-portal.
>>
No. 568828 ID: aaab2f

A world eating sentient beard could only be defeated by the intervention of Super Mutant Alien Lice leaving the beard in absolute agony from which it could not destroy everything.
>>
No. 568845 ID: 3f0c1b

Wax of course, it won't kill the beard but it should stop it in its tracks.
>>
No. 568847 ID: 65a774
File 139645996060.png - (20.25KB , 900x450 , 66.png )
568847

>Ask it if that's a grey hair.
:BradfordUNB: What!? How dare you! I’m only 30! …err… 35… 40? Hmm… how old am I?
:JalUNB: …and while the beard is distracted…
>A world eating sentient beard could only be defeated by the intervention of Super Mutant Alien Lice leaving the beard in absolute agony from which it could not destroy everything.
:BradfordUNB: Hey, you can’t just summon a giant space flea from nowhere! That’s one of those dus ex manka.
:JalUNB: Deus ex machina… and yes, you’re right. Instead…
>How does Alchemist Mantis defeat a world consuming sentient beard? With alchemy, of course!
:JalUNB: I drink a speed potion, of course! That way I… err… I mean Alchemy Mantis can steal a hair from the beard, analyze it and find it weak-
:BradfordUNB: While the Mantis is preoccupied, the beard grabs him and eat him alive.
> Wax of course, it won't kill the beard but it should stop it in its tracks.
:JalUNB: Ha! You activated my trap! Of course the Alchemy Mantis has prepared a defense… and in this case, WAX! RED HOT WAX! EAT IT, BITCH!!
:BradfordUNB: Ha! The mighty beard laughs at your wax! You’re going into my tummy, Mantis!
:StenUNB: Then the glorious barkeep told the two drunkard that they have had enough for tonight and should probably walk it off.
:JalUNB: Hey! Not fair! I’m only a bit tipsy!
:BradfordUNB: For tonight? It’s not even dinner time!
:StenUNB: Well, your crayon fighting is scaring away customers, so either stop it or leave, thank you very much.
:JalUNB: Pff, what a party pooper…
:StenUNB: I heard that.

:JalUNB: …oh right, I remember the reason I wanted to talk to you… before you interrupted me with those awesome crayon drawings. What do you remember of your past?
:BradfordUNB: …I woke up in a destroyed town, went here and started kicking ass. That’s about it.
:JalUNB: Nono… before that… and… err… do you know the name of the town?
:BradfordUNB: Sorry, no.
:JalUNB: You didn’t see a sign or anything?
:BradfordUNB:
:JalUNB: Oh, right… illiteracy…
:BradfordUNB: illegal what now?
:JalUNB: Anyway, I’ve heard that you remember some stuff before you woke up, tell me.
:BradfordUNB: …why?
:JalUNB: Because I got a theory about who you are, that’s why. Well, more than one but… let’s find out if I’m right, alright?
:BradfordUNB: …I remember… pain… suffering… loss… hate… a lot of blood on my hands… hmm… and happiness… I… I remember… a wedding? I was married?
:JalUNB: Hmmm, interesting… who did you say yes too? A woman? A man? Human? Lizard? Mantis?
:BradfordUNB: …you’re just trying to make me spill my sexual orientation, aren’t you?
:JalUNB: …maybe?

Insert …He’s batman… or at least Beard man…_
>>
No. 568850 ID: 2c6ff1

>>568847
Jal, maybe you shouldn't poke at his past. I have a theory too, and if I'm right we do not want him realizing who he is.
>>
No. 568854 ID: ffa549

So... the situation at the fort ended all right?

>who did you say yes too? A woman? A man? Human? Lizard? Mantis?
An axe.
>>
No. 568857 ID: 2c6ff1

Wait a minute, Brad, how do you know Alex is a guy? Did she actually suggest gay sex to Vlad?
>>
No. 568862 ID: dbe554

I'm pretty sure Jal couldn't handle him in bed anyways. The dude can break people without thinking at times, split carapace sounds like a likely scenario in bed.
>>
No. 568864 ID: d0e0a2

I think some of us did a time skip again. What I remember right before the crayon stuff was us in that dead end hall right after Brad hauled the second squid in. Brad, could you summarize what happened after that for us? This time without the drunken embellishments.

And when and how did you find out Alexandra was actually male? Vlad didn't find that out for real, did he? I hope not 'cause we need to head off his infatuation before he falls to pieces over either finding that out or is turned down by her.

Brad, back in the fort you remembered you were married and had an infant son who "got your eyes," so I'd presume "human" and "female" would be your preference, at the least. Not like it matters right now with your libido being effectively nil.

Brad, even if you don't know the name of the town you do roughly know its location, how big it was by the number of houses, and whether a road or a trail led to it. Looking over a map of the settlements, roads and trails around here might pin it down. Check the Order's library. They would almost certainly have current and historical maps of the area to track which settlements the undead have attacked, which have been destroyed, and when.

And now that we know about your regeneration, I have a theory about how you lost your memories: You caught a bolt to the head or some other form of severe trauma that destroyed the parts of your brain containing those memories. When they regenerated they didn't come back with the memories.

Hey, Jal, how'd things go with Mikhail? You still on course for a bedding or did she rebuff you?
>>
No. 568865 ID: 2c6ff1

At this point I think Brad's sexuality is "my wife". He can never love another woman again.
>>
No. 568869 ID: 65a774
File 139646662746.png - (20.04KB , 900x450 , 67.png )
568869

>I think some of us did a time skip again. Brad, could you summarize what happened after that for us? This time without the drunken embellishments.
:BradfordUNB: Let’s see… Vlad and I realized that the squid only had three appendages to catch stuff with and kicked its ass… Drina cut of Dooriya’s arm… reinforcement came and cleaned out the rest of the undead and there was no sign of the stone anywhere. Oh, and Dooriya is fine… well, she’s unconscious, have a high fever and lost her arm but other than that…
:JalUNB: That’s not fine at all!
>Wait a minute, Brad, how do you know Alex is a guy? Did she actually suggest gay sex to Vlad?
:BradfordUNB: Of course not.
:JalUNB: Then how did you know?
:BradfordUNB: Her shoulders are bigger than her hips, her horns are dull instead of pointy, her tail base is really thin, her facial structure is rather rigid and square, her snout is rather big… oh, and I saw her take a piss standing up.
>Vlad didn't find that out for real, did he? I hope not 'cause we need to head off his infatuation before he falls to pieces over either finding that out or is turned down by her.
:VladUNB: Pff, Vlad is gayer then a tree filled with monkeys that are high on laughing gas. He’s just in denial about it. Trust me, I’ve seen how he stares.
:BradfordUNB: …that would explain how he acted when we took a shower together yesterday. He became all flustered and was in a real hurry to get dressed.
:JalUNB: …you guys took a shower together?
:BradfordUNB: Yea, in that big shower room thingy the order got.
:JalUNB: Ah, for a second there I though one of those… smaller showers…
:BradfordUNB: Of course, he didn’t get flustered until I offered to clean his back if he did the same thing to me…

>Brad, back in the fort you remembered you were married and had an infant son who "got your eyes," so I'd presume "human" and "female" would be your preference, at the least.
:JalUNB: Really? Interesting…
>Brad, even if you don't know the name of the town you do roughly know its location…
:BradfordUNB: …I guess I can check some maps if it will help.
>your regeneration.
:JalUNB: Wait, that was real? You didn’t make that up!?
:BradfordUNB: Of course not.

>Jal, maybe you shouldn't poke at his past.
:JalUNB: The past is like a piece of scab. You’re supposed to scratch on it.
:BradfordUNB: …doesn’t that just leave a scar?
>I'm pretty sure Jal couldn't handle him in bed anyways.
:JalUNB: Pff, of course I can handle this wild stud. I’m the great Jal, master of bed magic! Besides, I’m always the one on top!
>Hey, Jal, how'd things go with Mikhail? You still on course for a bedding or did she rebuff you?
:JalUNB: Why, I have a date tonight… at eleven.
:BradfordUNB: …isn’t that a bit late for a date?
:JalUNB: Not for the things we have planned, dohohoho…

Insert Snide remark from two old people here_
>>
No. 568872 ID: 9ddf68

so what ever happened to that one guy we left tied to a tree and the dead order solder body we found?

Also Jal are you still planning on the humping and dumping tactic on her? Cause if so need I remind you that she is the lord Ranger, which specializes in being able to kill people unseen and with grate skill. Just an FYI is all.
>>
No. 568873 ID: 2c6ff1

>>568869
Sounds like it's going VERY well, then. Come to think of it, if she's looking for the same sort of thing you are, then you two could be friends with benefits. Make it a regular thing with no attachment.

Oh hey Vlad. Say... have you ever had a girlfriend before?
>>
No. 568880 ID: eb10ea

Yeah, don't be an ass to her. Getting on her bad side would sour our relations with Grey, who's apparently in charge here. Y'know, didn't that cultist say that Grey was corrupted?

Let's see if Steve's blessed any dreams lately...
[check pawn status]
>>
No. 568885 ID: d0e0a2

Well, as long as Mikhail is well aware you're only in it for the sex, it sounds like things are going to go smashingly for you two. Just try to leave her in a state where she can still walk to work come morning. And we better remember to tell Alexandra to get earplugs for tonight as well.

Jal, tell me if you think I'm missing something, but I think Anna isn't anywhere near as sexually experienced as she acts. When we suggested she be a "sexpert" for Vlad and tell him of the Wide World of Sex, she was rather less than enthusiastic about it. She also skipped out on having a roll in the sack with you last night, which doesn't fit with the way she acted. I suspect she's gotten all her stuff on sex from books and has little or no personal experience, same as with she did with her swordplay.

So, mind sharing your theory about Brad with us, Jal? You can just think it if you want to keep it between us.

Brad, with the list you rattled off I'm surprised not more people have noticed. Hmm... I'd bet Mikhail has, what with her being the Ranger Lord and all. We'd better tell Alexandra about this soon.

Vlad, I got a question for you: Did you ever have a crush on any other gals before Alexandra? Ever had a girlfriend? Just getting an idea of how much experience you have with such relationships. You planning on presenting those flowers and white chocolates to Alexandra this evening?

Is Dooriya in the care of Doctor Vadoma right now? I'd be very worried if she is. I trust that quack about as far as I can throw her.

Oh, and speaking of Dr. Vadoma: Brad, can you swing by her office and get your life essence checked soon? I want to see what state it is in now that things taste right again and your mood is (relatively) better.
>>
No. 568997 ID: 65a774
File 139654311576.png - (20.09KB , 900x450 , 68.png )
568997

Portrait error in the last update. It was supposed to be Jal talking, not Vlad. Hopefully no one got confused by that.

>[check pawn status]
[“The Savage” Status: Tipsy. “The hunter” Status: Depressed. “The priest” Status: Bored. “The Alchemist” Status: Tipsy, Horny. “Sister of Wisdom” Status: Unconscious, Fever, Blessed Dreams. “Sister of Power” Status: Worried. “The Valkyrie” Status: Depressed, crying.]

>Jal are you still planning on the humping and dumping tactic on her?
:JalUNB: (Dump? What do you take me for? Some unrefined cur? I’m a gentlemen, I make sure that the lady knows that our relationship doesn’t expand beyond the boundaries of the bed… or table… or the wall… floor… chandelier… roof… pile of junk… the fence out back… the bushes… eh, you get my point.)
>Well, as long as Mikhail is well aware you're only in it for the sex, it sounds like things are going to go smashingly for you two. Just try to leave her in a state where she can still walk to work come morning.
:JalUNB: (As I said, gentleman… but some sacrifices has to be made for pleasure at times, but I promise to not give her more than a limp… this time.)
>And we better remember to tell Alexandra to get earplugs for tonight as well.
:JalUNB: (Actually, she invited me to her bedroom…)

>Jal, tell me if you think I'm missing something, but I think Anna isn't anywhere near as sexually experienced as she acts.
:JalUNB: I can’t say anything for certain but… I’ve felt like she… she shows a lot of smile but is missing the spirit… the unf, so to speak.
>Brad, with the list you rattled off I'm surprised not more people have noticed.
:JalUNB: Well, she is rather new to the whole… dress wearing thing… of course, most people doesn’t see past the markings so there’s that.
:BradfordUNB: Most people will see her as a woman even if the signs are o-
:JalUNB: *Cough*Cough* oh, excuse me… but as I was saying, I believe I have a theory…
:VladUNB: Hi guys, what are you talking about?
:JalUNB: Oh, we’re just discussing Brad’s past.
>So, mind sharing your theory about Brad with us, Jal? You can just think it if you want to keep it between us.
:JalUNB: Well, I’ve been thinking… you’re a windwalker, right? And the last windwalker died 200 years ago... except they never found his body after his battle with Ragnar.
:VladUNB: …wait, are you saying Brad is over 200 years old?
:JalUNB: No, I’m saying that the last windwalker, Conrack was his name, escaped and went into hiding. If he survived and raised a family, he should teach his kids the art of windwalking and pass it through the generations.
:BradfordUNB: That sound… a bit farfetched.
:JalUNB: But listen to this… Conrack was known for his large orange beard and green eyes… sound familiar?

>Is Dooriya in the care of Doctor Vadoma right now?
:BradfordUNB: Of course not. Vadoma is a specialist, not a “you’re sick, let me heal you” doctor.
>Oh, and speaking of Dr. Vadoma: Brad, can you swing by her office and get your life essence checked soon?
:BradfordUNB: Well… I’m not doing anything else… so… as soon as you guys got time we’ll seek her out.

>Vlad, I got a question for you: Did you ever have a crush on any other gals before Alexandra?
:VladUNB: (W-what!? Um… that’s a b-bit… err… personal… um… not gals… no…)
>Have you ever had a girlfriend before?
:VladUNB: (Um… I am… I was… err… I was a bit of a loner… I mostly focus on the hunting… the only girlfriend I’ve ever had was a cucumber… w-wait… forget I s-said that…)
>You planning on presenting those flowers and white chocolates to Alexandra this evening?
:VladUNB: (If the m-moment present itself, sure… I’ll try to give it to her as soon as possible.)

Insert Brad is a Viking Warlord_
>>
No. 568998 ID: ffa549

>um… not gals… no
So... who did you have a crush on, then?

>status
Well, blessed dreams are probably better than dealing with her reality right now.

We should probably help Vlad here so he isn't depressed, and then switch and see what's up with Anna.
>>
No. 569009 ID: 2c6ff1

>>568997
Ok Vlad, look, a cucumber is not a girlfriend. That's a boyfriend. You should probably just admit to yourself that you're gay, and there's nothing wrong with that. Anyway, we gotta go.

Time to see what Steve is up to.

[switch to Sister of Wisdom]
>>
No. 569014 ID: d0e0a2

Brad, considering what you can do and all we've seen, Jal's theory is actually fairly reasonable compared to what we could come up with. But they're all still just theories. We're gonna need to track down more evidence before picking which one is most likely correct.

So why'd Conrack go into hiding? Were there still followers of Ragnar about he was worried would try to exact vengeance on him? You also mentioned Conrack's body wasn't found after the battle with Ragnar, but what about Ragnar's body? Was it found, and if so what happened to it?

Oh, and speaking of Ragnar, we ought to look up some more info on him; We do have a mission to kill him, after all. What he looks like, what he was trying to accomplish 200 years ago, and when and where he was first spotted in this era as a start.

>"Actually, she invited me to her bedroom..."
...Wait, what? Why? I can't imagine her laying with you or taking part in a three-way... Okay, I can, but there's no chance of it happening for real so I'm going to assume you left a "use" out of that sentence. But why is she letting you use her bedroom for your sexual escapades? Why can't you use your own room?

Vlad, could you hold off on giving those gifts to Alexandra until we're there? We'd like to give you some support when you do, okay. In fact, if you'd like us to, we'll jump to Alexandra and get her to come over to the tavern or wherever you'd like to meet her.

I'm worried about Anna, guys. Her status is "depressed, crying" right now, and every other time we've checked it's included "depressed." I think we ought to jump to her right now and have a chat. The other stuff can wait a bit. In fact, we ought to involve her more in things, so we'll have her meet up with Brad afterwards, then the both of them head over to Dr. Vadoma, then visit Dooriya and Drina in the infirmary.

[Switch to "The Valkyrie"]
>>
No. 569028 ID: eb10ea

>blessed dreams
Let's get to the bottom of this.
[switch to sister of wisdom]
>>
No. 569032 ID: 65a774
File 139655378421.png - (1.33KB , 900x450 , 69.png )
569032

>We should probably help Vlad here so he isn't depressed.
:VladUNB: (Yea, why don’t you bring back everyone I loved while you’re at it…)
>So... who did you have a crush on, then?
:VladUNB: (W-wha- nobody! That’s who! Like I s-said… I was a bit of a loner.)
>Vlad, could you hold off on giving those gifts to Alexandra until we're there? We'd like to give you some support when you do, okay. In fact, if you'd like us to, we'll jump to Alexandra and get her to come over to the tavern or wherever you'd like to meet her.
:VladUNB: (That would be nice but… um… I’m pretty sure you’re better at this whole thing so… err… can you help me choose a place and time?)
>Ok Vlad, look, a cucumber is not a girlfriend. That's a boyfriend.
:VladUNB: (Um… what are yo- wait, no… nonono… that’s not what I meant at all! I didn’t- I cut it in half, dug out most of it with a spoon, heated it a bit and then I put my di- oh gods, why am I even talking about this!?)

>So why'd Conrack go into hiding?
:JalUNB: Beats me. He did have a lot’s of enemies, that’s for sure. He didn’t really care about collateral damage, apparently.
>You also mentioned Conrack's body wasn't found after the battle with Ragnar, but what about Ragnar's body?
:JalUNB: According to the book I read it was stuffed with straw and paraded around the town he was slain in before the villagers beat it into a mush and put it to the torch.
>Oh, and speaking of Ragnar, we ought to look up some more info on him; What he looks like, what he was trying to accomplish 200 years ago, and when and where he was first spotted in this era as a start.
:JalUNB: Let’s see… the texts said he wasn’t the cleanest of men… and that he was called Ash Beard by some… as for what he did… well, he was called the scourge of the gods for a reason. He hunted down every temple and holy place he should find and defiled them… while slaughtering anyone believing in the gods. Apparently he sought vengeance on the gods themselves...
>...Wait, what? Why? I can't imagine her laying with you or taking part in a three-way... Okay, I can, but there's no chance of it happening for real so I'm going to assume you left a "use" out of that sentence.
:JalUNB: (…huh? What are you- oh, you misunderstand me. I mean Mikhail. Mikhail invited me to her bedroom. And what do you mean “She wouldn’t lay with me”? I have you know, she was the first one with equipment down there I slept with! …of course, that was years ago when… um… )

>[Switch to "The Valkyrie"]
:AnnaUNB: *Sob*…w-why can’t I be as strong as y-you… sister? W-why… why did you give your l-life for mine?

Insert You are what you are in the dark_
>>
No. 569038 ID: 2c6ff1

>>569032
Anna, are you alright? How about some company with your misery? Tell us all about it, we're good listeners.
>>
No. 569050 ID: d0e0a2

...Anna, you okay? Sorry for dropping in. We thought you could use some company and wanted to see how you were doing. ...You want to talk? We'll keep whatever you say in confidence.
>>
No. 569167 ID: 65a774
File 139663057385.png - (9.03KB , 900x450 , 70.png )
569167

>...Anna, you okay? Sorry for dropping in.
H-huh? *Sniff* I- Everything is f-fine, really! No need to apologize.
>How about some company with your misery?
Misery? What misery? Err… everything is going great! I’ve learned so much about sword fighting that you wouldn’t believe it!
>Tell us all about it, we're good listeners.
I’ve already told you, everything is fine. I feel fine… *Sniff* really!

*Knock*Knock*
:PaladinUNB: Is anyone in there? Why is this door locked? Hello? I really need a shovel…
:AnnaUNB: Um…

Insert Feeling fine_
>>
No. 569170 ID: ffa549

Anna, we're old enough to know people don't cry because sword training is going fine.

Why have you locked yourself in a tool shed?
>>
No. 569175 ID: dbe554

Just let it out girl, bottling up emotions isn't healthy for you. We will listen to you if you need someone's invisible shoulder to cry on.
>>
No. 569178 ID: 2c6ff1

>>569167
Tell us about your sister.
>>
No. 569179 ID: d0e0a2

...Okay, having somebody interrupting isn't helping. Could you please grab a shovel and hand it around the door so we can have some privacy here.

Anna, we've been around more than long enough to know things are far from fine when you lock yourself in a tool shed to cry alone in the dark, then claim everything is fine when it's obviously not.

It's bad to hold such feelings in behind a facade. It'll eventually crack under stress and the emotions will explode out at the worst time. Please, drop the facade and let them out.

...And we heard what you said in the dark, about your sister. She loved you greatly, didn't she? Could you tell us about her, and what happened?
>>
No. 569181 ID: 65a774
File 139663502796.png - (9.15KB , 900x450 , 71.png )
569181

>Why have you locked yourself in a tool shed?
Err… to be alone for a moment? I don’t have my own room so… um…
>...Okay, having somebody interrupting isn't helping. Could you please grab a shovel and hand it around the door so we can have some privacy here.
:PaladinUNB: Thank you, lady.
>Just let it out girl, bottling up emotions isn't healthy for you.
What are you talking about? I’m not bottling up anything!
>Anna, we're old enough to know people don't cry because sword training is going fine.
Um… I stubbed my toe? It hurt real bad and… err…

>Tell us about your sister.
Oh, she was great… she was a born sword fighter… aced all her tests… she became the captain of the guard back home and… she was beautiful… all the guys talked about her but… but… now she’s dead… and it’s my fault… but never mind that! Tell me, did that whole mission of your go well? I haven’t seen anyone of the gang since they got back.
>It's bad to hold such feelings in behind a facade. It'll eventually crack under stress and the emotions will explode out at the worst time.
Nonono… there’s no faced… really! It’s not my fault they are all dead at all! Haha, everything is just… j-just… peachy… right?

Insert Stepford smiles today_
>>
No. 569182 ID: ffa549

>Tell me, did that whole mission of your go well?
We got Brad back, but Dooriya lost an arm. So, technically a success, but I wouldn't characterize it as well.

>my fault
I doubt that. And even if your blaming yourself has any legitimacy, I doubt your family would have wanted to see you this way.
>>
No. 569183 ID: 9ddf68

Anna, we're here for you. You're not alone, we're by your side and you have other friends besides us squishy little blue squids, you have the rest of the gang as well. If you don't want to tell us you don't have to we're not going to force you to do anything you're not comfortable with but we do care about you and we don't like seeing you in pain.

But as for the other guys. Brads fine and getting drunk with Jal, we got Vlad to question his sexuality and it's kinda funny to watch him flounder a little. Drina is watching over her sister who lost a claw trying to free Bradford. She should be able to pull through so other then the claw she should be fine.
>>
No. 569188 ID: d0e0a2

Oh, right, as a recruit you wouldn't have your own room. Hey, if you want a nice, private bed to sleep in tonight ask Jal to borrow his. He's going to be in Mikhail's quarters tonight for reasons you can probably guess. No sense in just leaving his bed at the inn empty, right?

And the mission? It was technically a success. We got Brad back, but Dooriya had to have her right forearm amputated in the field due to venom from a Corrupted and is currently unconscious and might die from a fever. All because we ran back into the fort chasing after a magic keystone that we should have realized was already gone! ...We're a little bit upset at ourselves over that.

...And Anna... I didn't know your sister, but from what you said I'd say she loved you very much and that's why she did what she did; No more, no less.

Now, lets go meet up with Brad. I think he's coming up to the Cathedral from the tavern to see Dr. Vadoma and visit Dooriya.
>>
No. 569190 ID: 2c6ff1

>>569181
What happened? How did she die?
>>
No. 569204 ID: 65a774
File 139664757327.png - (19.89KB , 900x450 , 72.png )
569204

>Brads fine and getting drunk with Jal.
Brad is drunk? I can’t really picture that grump as drunk… hmm… I bet he’s a silly drunk… one of those that start playing with crayons or something, right?
>We got Vlad to question his sexuality and it's kinda funny to watch him flounder a little.
Now that not very nice. You should have at least waited for me to be there! That sounded fun!
>Drina is watching over her sister who lost a claw trying to free Bradford.
She lost her claw? Oh man… that sucks.
>Hey, if you want a nice, private bed to sleep in tonight ask Jal to borrow his. He's going to be in Mikhail's quarters tonight for reasons you can probably guess.
Really? Hmm… maybe I should ask him…

>I didn't know your sister, but from what you said I'd say she loved you very much and that's why she did what she did; No more, no less.
Yes, I… she… we loved each other… yes…
>I doubt that. And even if your blaming yourself has any legitimacy, I doubt your family would have wanted to see you this way.
I don’t think my sister would want me to be in denial, either…
>What happened? How did she die?
They c- she… I… she died protecting me…

>Now, lets go meet up with Brad. I think he's coming up to the Cathedral from the tavern to see Dr. Vadoma and visit Dooriya.
Are you sure? I can’t see him anywhere?

:AlexUNB: -and let the light guide our fallen brother to the other side and just rewards…
:PaladinUNB: PRAISE THE LIGHT!
:AndrzejUNB: PRAISE THE LIGHT!
:UnknownKAK:Thank you…

Insert Verb the noun!_
>>
No. 569207 ID: 2c6ff1

>>569204
Eh, he might still be in the tavern.

Personally I would really just like to check up on the mantis sisters.
>>
No. 569208 ID: dbe554

He drew crayon sketches of himself, and his beard conquering the enemy, saving everyone, and getting into a crayon duel with Jal the Super Alchemist wearing a cape.

It was adorable.
>>
No. 569209 ID: 9ddf68

>...Thank you...
...we try...

Hey think you could talk to Alex when you get a moment, she might actually have some news on how Dooriya is doing.
>>
No. 569212 ID: 65a774
File 139665605676.png - (19.26KB , 900x450 , 73.png )
569212

>He drew crayon sketches of himself, and his beard conquering the enemy, saving everyone, and getting into a crayon duel with Jal the Super Alchemist wearing a cape. It was adorable.
Dammit, I wanted to see that! It sounded so damn cute~
>Eh, he might still be in the tavern. Personally I would really just like to check up on the mantis sisters.
Oh yeah, one of them lost a claw, right? Err… I have no idea where they would be, though…

>Hey think you could talk to Alex when you get a moment, she might actually have some news on how Dooriya is doing.
:AnnaUNB: Hi Alex!
:AlexUNB: Alexandra… and hello to you too, Anna.
:AnnaUNB: What’s up?
:AlexUNB: …right now? Nothing, really. Just got back from a... from laying a spirit to rest. You?
:AnnaUNB: Oh, I just… um… was meditating but… hey, do you know where the mantis sisters are?
:AlexUNB: Probably in the sick ward somewhere. Check there.
:AnnaUNB: …and that’s…
:AlexUNB: Just go inside the cathedral and look at the map there.
:AnnaUNB: Oh, right… well, see you later then!
:AlexUNB: Wait… actually… can I ask you a favor?
:AnnaUNB: Sure!
:AlexUNB: Can you… hmm… I heard what you said to Jal last night and… I’m guessing you spent the night with him, right?
:AnnaUNB: Err… actu-
:AlexUNB: I was wondering, can you possibly do something like that to Vlad… you know, walk up to him and shake that butt of yours? Maybe show him some boobs? Make him… want you?
:AnnaUNB: …what in Hel’s domain kind of favor is this!?
:AlexUNB: Let’s just say it’s more of a favor for Vlad then me, in the end.

:AndrzejUNB: Burn baby burn~

Insert …did Alex just call Anna a whore?_
>>
No. 569214 ID: 2c6ff1

>>569212
I think I understand. Anna, she's mainly just asking you to flirt with him. There's a private reason for this. Think of it as a challenge: get Vlad to desire you sexually. You don't actually have to go anywhere with it.

Anna, do you actually get a lot of sex or... what?
>>
No. 569215 ID: 9ddf68

well first off Andrzej seems to be a pyromaniac but on to important things. First tell Alex you don't go around just flashing people it's more playful banter then anything. Second could s/he (not sure how Alex wants us to refer to him now that we know his secrete) really not have phrased that any better. Third... why do you have to do this why can't Alex just talk to the guy. Does she think so little of the two of you that you're not even worth her time?
>>
No. 569242 ID: ffa549

Geeze. Okay, that's a little insulting, but I guess the ultra-confident and flirtatious front you put on has its costs.

...are you hoping if I flirt with him he'll realize something? Or are you just hoping to get him looking away from you?
>>
No. 569248 ID: 2c6ff1

Aaaaaand that's the private reason I was talking about. Not cool blabbing about it.
>>
No. 569260 ID: d0e0a2

...Alexandra, seriously? Okay, we need to tell you this: Anna didn't spend the night with Jal. He mentioned to us that she never showed. So she's not as promiscuous as her talk would lead you to believe. I think you owe her an apology for suggesting she whore herself to Vlad as a distraction.

I don't think your plan would have worked anyway. Vlad's really set on you. I think it's 'cause you were the first person to offer him kind words and comfort after his family was killed. Not a healthy reaction, I know, but that's the way it is. You're gonna have to face him on this, one way or another.

Also, Alexandra, Brad knows you're a guy. He figured it out on his own, so don't blame us. He noticed that your shoulder width, tail base, horns, facial structure, and snout were male-like... And that you peed standing up. Besides squatting the only other suggestion I have here is getting plain pointed horn caps to hide your blunt horn tips.

How 'bout you two head over to the tavern. Anna, you were going to ask Jal if you could borrow his room tonight. And Alexandra, you were gonna tell Sten to put those two guys from training on your tab.

>>569248
Okay, you're right. I retracted that part and reposted here. We'll do it your gentler, more roundabout way, but keep in mind we don't have forever to work here.
>>
No. 569265 ID: 65a774
File 139671465277.png - (20.36KB , 900x450 , 74.png )
569265

>...Alexandra, seriously?
:AlexUNB: …what?
AnnaUNB: Those implications where a bit… much…
>Geeze. Okay, that's a little insulting.
:AlexUNB: Oh, I… I didn’t… sorry… I guess it came out a bit… err… wrong…
:AnnaUNB: I’m pretty sure it would be impossible for what you just said to come out right.
:AlexUNB: Sorry, I didn’t mean it like that… honest…
:AnnaUNB: Apology accepted… but you own me a favor.
:AlexUNB: …fine. As long as it’s a small one.
>Anna didn't spend the night with Jal. He mentioned to us that she never showed. So she's not as promiscuous as her talk would lead you to believe.
:AlexUNB: (Really? I guess Jal must have been disappointed about that… of course, she isn’t the first one to get cold feet around Jal… or, you now, sober up.)
>...are you hoping if she flirt with him he'll realize something? Or are you just hoping to get him looking away from you?
:AlexUNB: (I’m hoping that I don’t have to break his heart even more.)
>Don't think your plan would have worked anyway. Vlad's really set on you. You're gonna have to face him on this, one way or another.
:AlexUNB: (…well, crud.)
>Also, Alexandra, Brad knows you're a guy. He figured it out on his own, so don't blame us.
:AlexUNB: (He what? …aw, man, is there someone who still doesn’t know I’m a guy!? I know I still got some manly futures, but I didn’t think it was that bad!)
>And that you peed standing up.
:AlexUNB: (Err… what? First off, even if it’s none of your business, I sit down. Second, when in the Thanes name did he see me go to the lavatory!? Ugh… he’s probably just pulling your chain…)

>Anna, she's mainly just asking you to flirt with him.
:AnnaUNB: (I dunno… his a bit cute but…)
>Think of it as a challenge: get Vlad to desire you sexually.
:AnnaUNB: (That doesn’t really feel like challenge to be proud of…)
>Anna, do you actually get a lot of sex or... what?
:AnnaUNB: (Err… w-well, you see… um… I’m n-not a virgin, at least…)

>How 'bout you two head over to the tavern. Anna, you were going to ask Jal if you could borrow his room tonight. And Alexandra, you were gonna tell Sten to put those two guys from training on your tab.
:JalUNB: Here’s one… *Cough* I have been on dozens of larks; I like it indoors, not in parks. You feel more at ease, Your ass doesn't freeze; And strollers don't make snide remarks.
:BradfordUNB: Ha! Hmm… how about… There was a young lady named Claire; Who possessed a magnificent pair; Or that's what I thought; 'Til I saw one get caught; On a thorn, and begin to lose air!
:VladUNB: …I don’t get it…

Insert A Beard, a giant insect and a lizard walked into a bar… they said ouch_
>>
No. 569270 ID: ffa549

That's okay, Anna. You're right that this really isn't an arena you need to prove yourself in, and I don't really think it would end up helping Vlad or Alex anyways. Just let it go.
>>
No. 569275 ID: 37aa84

>>569265
How about, "there once was a lass from Nundare, whose bod was just covered in hair, as thick as a bear, oh the men they would stare, and then laugh til they ran out of air."
>>
No. 569276 ID: 9ddf68

wow, Brad's really cheery drunk. It's almost frightening to see a man who ripped a man's face of in a blind rage suddenly cheery and having crayon drawing fights with Jal, funny but frightening.

But yeah the two of them seem to be having a good time so maybe you two should just grab Vlad and pull him away and maybe to either Alex's or Jal's room just incase he makes a scene. Alex can talk to him and see if she can't talk him down and Anna can be there for support. As for why Alex is going to be the one to talk to him is because you did kinda make an ass of yourself a moment ago and I think he wouldn't really lesson to anyone else if they started telling him things he didn't want to hear.
>>
No. 569277 ID: eb10ea

A bather's clothing was strewed
By a wind that left her quite nude
When a man came along
And unless I am wrong
You expected this line to be lewd.


Vlad, you know what they're talking about.
...
Do you know what they're talking about?
. . .
Tits. They're talkin' about tits.
>>
No. 569278 ID: d0e0a2

Inflatable fake boobs, Vlad... Huh. Now that I think about it, I can't come up with an analog of those for lizards or mantis. Lets ask the expert! Hey, Jal, what's the equivalent of fake tits for lizards or mantis?

Now you've seen for yourself that Brad is a silly drunk, Anna. Quite a sight, isn't it? Hey, you got a lewd limerick you could throw in to upstage these two?

Alexandra, I assumed Brad spotted you when we were on mission out in the wilderness. I could be wrong, though. You or us ought to ask him about that later, in private.

And is Jal usually a silly drunk? 'Cause he didn't start to get this silly until he ordered what Brad was drinking. What the heck did Sten put in this thing?
>>
No. 569279 ID: dbe554

Awww, bradford is bonding! It's so nice to see him happy around someone.
>>
No. 569281 ID: 65a774
File 139672215579.png - (20.12KB , 900x450 , 75.png )
569281

>Alexandra, I assumed Brad spotted you when we were on mission out in the wilderness.
:AlexUNB: (But I didn’t relive myself out there…)
>is Jal usually a silly drunk?
:AlexUNB: (His a very happy drunk. Happier than most, actually… and a bit of a dick.)

>Now you've seen for yourself that Brad is a silly drunk, Anna. Quite a sight, isn't it? Hey, you got a lewd limerick you could throw in to upstage these two?
:AnnaUNB: A bather's clothing was strewed; By a wind that left her quite nude; When a man came along; And unless I am wrong; You expected this line to be lewd!
:JalUNB: …that was so stolen from the voices, wasn’t it?
:AnnaUNB: …no?
>Vlad, you know what they're talking about. Do you know what they're talking about? Tits. They're talkin' about tits.
:VladUNB: Oh! Tits! Of course! Those birds are something else, eh? In fact, I saw a pair of stonking great tits out in the forest last summer. A real big pair, too! I should barely keep myself from whipping out my arrows and fire a load right between them right there and then!
:JalUNB: …the innuendo has to be intentional, right?
:VladUNB: Of course it was! I know what tits are, geez…
>Inflatable fake boobs, Vlad...
:VladUNB: Those things actually exist?
:JalUNB: You’ll be surprised what people do for some… fun in bed.
>Hey, Jal, what's the equivalent of fake tits for lizards or mantis?
:JalUNB: Well, for mantises it’s generally about longer legs and larger abdomen… and scars for the ladies. Mantis guys dig scars. For lizards it’s generally the tail… mostly the base of it and their horns.

>Maybe you two should just grab Vlad and pull him away and maybe to either Alex's or Jal's room just in case he makes a scene.
:AlexUNB: Vlad? Can we talk? In private?
:VladUNB: Err… right now!?
:JalUNB: Hey! You’re not going anywhere, lizard boy! Not before you finish your bet!
:VladUNB: What!? I’m not doing that! That’s insane!
:BradfordUNB: You lost the bet… now is the time to pay up, Vlad.
:VladUNB: I’m not mooning the innkeepers wife and that’s final.
:JalUNB: Fine… then it’s time for a punishment! How about… hmm… you have to drink…
:BradfordUNB: A glass of the same drink I’m drinking… two of them!
:VladUNB: But I don’t have any money on me!
:JalUNB: Don’t worry, I’m buying… besides, you’re going to need some liquid courage for Alex’s big revelation… her big, rock hard revelation…
:AlexUNB: Jal…
:BradfordUNB: Don’t worry, I’m sure she will be gentle… at least at first~
:AlexUNB: BRAD!
:JalUNB: Oh, I hope you don’t expect to sit down tomorrow mo-
:AlexUNB: SHUT UP, JAL!!!
:VladUNB: Huh? What are you guys talking about?
:AnnaUNB: Oh! OH! I know!!

Insert Those guys are real pricks! It’s like the cock that wakes me every morning! A real dick, that one!_
>>
No. 569282 ID: 9ddf68

today in the news we have found the mutilated bodies of what we think to have been a human and mantis. Local law authorities have little to go on but from the have been able to make from the bodies both had there heads shoved so far up there asses that it actually looped back in on itself and do to that being physically impossible simply exploded into a seen of gore and booze. More at 11

But yeah just grab Vlad and walk away, there drunk, never really a good idea to mess with a drunk person.
>>
No. 569283 ID: ffa549

Pff. Not helping, guys.
>>
No. 569284 ID: eb10ea

I could go on with the Handsome Jack routine, but I won't.
But I could.
...
What kind of bet did you lose anyway?

Alexandra, just take Vlad and talk to him. Try starting near the beginning; he'll figure it out.
Hopefully.
You might need to talk really slow and avoid big words.
Or get a diagram. With pictures and big arrows.

Anna, make sure your cape doesn't catch fire.
>>
No. 569285 ID: 2c6ff1

>>569281
Guys, shut up.

Alex, you should know that Brad and Jal think Vlad is gay. So there is some hope for you actually. Still, having Vlad at least a bit tipsy can't hurt. Hmm. How about you put on your facemask and ask him if he's still attracted to you when you're covered up like that. He'll probably say yes, then you ask him to explain why. I mean, most of your physical appearance is more similar to a man's. So if he describes your male features you can let the bomb drop and he will come to realize the truth about his own sexuality.
>>
No. 569288 ID: d0e0a2

...Anna, not the right time for eagerness. Vlad, they're dropping sexual innuendos and totally screwing it up 'cause they're drunk.

Ah, you two didn't say how soon Vlad had to drink those drinks! He can drink them when he comes back, so have Sten mix 'em up and keep 'em ready for then.

Hey, Alexandra, watch this. If it works consider it just desserts and you and Anna take the opportunity to steer Vlad out of here. [Dance, target: "The Alchemist" & "The Savage," duration: 30 seconds] (I'm guessing this command would be unlocked for beta testing.)

>>569285
You're dropping that now?! You said that was a "private reason," you hypocrite!
>>
No. 569297 ID: 65a774
File 139672826209.png - (11.14KB , 900x450 , 76.png )
569297

>[Dance, target: "The Alchemist" & "The Savage," duration: 30 seconds]
[Error! You are not a kickstarter backer!]

>What kind of bet did you lose anyway?
:VladUNB: (An embarrassing kind.)
>Ah, you two didn't say how soon Vlad had to drink those drinks!
:JalUNB: We said tonight!
:BradfordUNB: So you better come back here later!
>Alexandra, just take Vlad and talk to him.
:AlexUNB: Vlad, Anna… come on, let’s go to my room.
:JalUNB: …You do realize when you say it like that we have no choice but to comment on it, right?
:BradfordUNB: Woo! Threesome! Vlad, you sly dog!
:AlexUNB: Ugh…

>Alex, you should know that Brad and Jal think Vlad is gay.
:AlexUNB: (I now for a fact that Jal isn’t the most reliable source for that kind of thing and… something tells me I can’t trust Brad about it either.)
>Still, having Vlad at least a bit tipsy can't hurt.
:AlexUNB: (…I rather not deal with a drunk kid tonight, alright?)

>Hmm. How about you put on your facemask and ask him if he's still attracted to you when you're covered up like that.
:VladUNB: So… what did you want to talk about… err… I… um… I bought…
:AlexUNB: Vlad? Do you find me attractive if I’m wearing my face mask?
:VladUNB: Err… is this… um… yes?
:AlexUNB: …tell me, what do you find attractive?
:VladUNB: Well… err… your eyes, for example? They are… um… they are… blue? And… deep?
:AlexUNB: …and?
:VladUNB: Well… I like your personality and that doesn’t change no matter what you wear so… um… you’re so caring and nice… even if you try to hide it at times and… err… you’re really smart and wise and… um… strong willed. You’re really… you have… a dominant personality and I like that about you, Alexandra…
:AlexUNB: (…well, that plan didn’t work.)
>Try starting near the beginning; he'll figure it out.
:AlexUNB: Vlad, I… I… I… I need to tell you that I’m… sorry but… I… err…
:VladUNB: …you’re what? You’re already taken!?
:AlexUNB: Err… no but… I… it’s… but… *sigh* Stop looking at me with those cute puppy dog eyes of yours… it’s making it really hard to tell you what I want to tell you.
:VladUNB: Err… my what?

Insert If you donate at least 3000 crows you get the Bradford Maid mod free of charge!_
>>
No. 569305 ID: eb10ea

Start from the beginning; you're running from your family who started abusing you, eventually your father planned to kill you so you ran away, etc. We'll see how long it takes Vlad to tie you to the wanted poster he saw.
>>
No. 569331 ID: d0e0a2

Vlad, she's saying you've got "cute puppy dog eyes" because she feels what she's about to say will be like kicking a sweet, innocent puppy. She cares about you, so please don't be angry at her after. Anna, lock and block the door so he can't run off before hearing everything.

Alexandra, take your mask off and put your hood down; Vlad'll figure things out quicker if he can see your whole face. Then close your eyes so you won't have to look into his.

Start by simply saying that your real surname is "Von Zolner;" That name'll say a lot on its own. Then go on to say that your family beat and abused you for tolerating non-lizards... and wearing women's clothing... and falling in love with a man. Say your father was going to have you killed for your "shameful" ways and you had to hide who you are and run away.

Keep going even if Vlad has figured it out by now so that he knows the whole story. End by saying he's been through so much you didn't want to break his heart by telling him this, but there wasn't any way around it.
>>
No. 569338 ID: d674bc

[donate 4000 crows]
>>
No. 569395 ID: 65a774
File 139679202952.png - (10.70KB , 900x450 , 77.png )
569395

>[donate 4000 crows]
[Unable to connect to PayLizard!]

>Vlad, she's saying you've got "cute puppy dog eyes" because she feels what she's about to say will be like kicking a sweet, innocent puppy.
:VladUNB: …um… is it really that bad? Err… y-you’re a cultist and… you want me to join or die!?
:AlexUNB: Not that bad.
:VladUNB: You got a lot of scars that look unlady like?
:AlexUNB: I… err… yes, but… that’s not…
>Start from the beginning…
:AlexUNB: *Sigh* I’m a Von Zolner.
:VladUNB: …?
:AnnaUNB: You know, those speciest lizards? Clad in green?
:VladUNB: Oh right, those guys! Um… wait, you’re a speciest?
:AlexUNB: Of course not. I’m… they… they beat me for tolerating non-lizards and… because I like men.
:VladUNB: …um… but you’re supposed to like men?
:AlexUNB: Vlad, I’m… I was born with… a birth defect… I was born without marking on my face.
:VladUNB: …what are you-
:AlexUNB: My real name is Alexander.
:VladUNB: …wait… you’re… you… but…
:AnnaUNB: She got a dick.
:AlexUNB: Dammit, Anna!
:AnnaUNB: Just saying.
:AlexUNB: You should have at least have said that “She is a he” or something…
:VladUNB: I… I… don’t… but… I… you… tricked me… I need to leave. I can’t… I need… to go… right now.
>Anna, lock and block the door so he can't run off before hearing everything.
:AnnaUNB: No can do. The voices says you’re staying.
:VladUNB: Anna. G-get out of my way… I… I need to leave… NOW!

Insert Run away, little girl, run away!_
>>
No. 569396 ID: dbe554

Vlad, the reason she was trying to turn you down gently because she didn't want to hurt you, she wasn't trying to trick you that's just how she really feels.

If you really cared for just her personality and how she is, you should understand that she has a hard time revealing this to others.
>>
No. 569398 ID: 37aa84

Vlad please try to calm down. Alex was not trying to fool you, Alex only dresses like that because it is the way he feels most comfortable.
>>
No. 569413 ID: ffa549

...it wasn't about hurting you, Vlad.

Let him go, sheesh.
>>
No. 569415 ID: d0e0a2

Vlad, listen! Alexandra isn't tricking you! If she was tricking you she'd string you along for as long as she could. What she's doing is the opposite of tricking you! She's telling you the truth when she could have just turned you down or made up a lie like she's a lesbian or something. But she felt you deserved to know the truth.

Anna, step aside. I think Vlad needs to put some space between him and Alexandra right now. [Lock focus on "The Hunter"] We'll keep an eye on him.

>>569398
And it's not only because she feels "right" in them. It's also a disguise, Vlad. Her family is still after her. It's a matter of life or death if passes as a woman. She doesn't share this secret lightly. She trusts you, Vlad.
>>
No. 569418 ID: eb10ea

Operation 'subtlety and grace' has been compromised, release 'The Hunter'; I repeat, release 'The Hunter'. Overwatch team 'head voices' will maintain operational security.

[switch to the hunter]

We're probably the last people you want to talk to, so we'll be quick. Don't let the Von Zolners find out Alexandra is here. They'll do worse than kill her. Now I'm sure you have a lot of alcohol to get to, so we'll leave you be.
>>
No. 569430 ID: d674bc

Anna, if the other suggestions aren't that great, let him go. No point in keeping him here just for the sake of it.
>>
No. 569433 ID: 2c6ff1

Vlad you do realize you just said you're not attracted to her because of her body, right?
>>
No. 569435 ID: dbe554

>>569433

Well if he's straight then a wrong orientation is going to turn him off, it's why we shouldn't poke him for that.
>>
No. 569445 ID: 65a774
File 139681502405.png - (20.31KB , 900x450 , 78.png )
569445

>Let him go, sheesh.
:AlexUNB: Anna…
:AnnaUNB: Right, moving.



>Vlad, the reason she was trying to turn you down gently because she didn't want to hurt you, she wasn't trying to trick you that's just how she really feels.

>Alex was not trying to fool you, Alex only dresses like that because it is the way he feels most comfortable.

>And it's not only because she feels "right" in them. It's also a disguise, Vlad. Her family is still after her. It's a matter of life or death if passes as a woman.
…I…but…
>If you really cared for just her personality and how she is, you should understand that she has a hard time revealing this to others.
…you’re right… I… maybe I should go back and apologize… I was… um… rather… rude? I… I hope we can still be friends…
>She doesn't share this secret lightly. She trusts you, Vlad.
…she trusts me? You really think so?
>Vlad you do realize you just said you're not attracted to her because of her body, right?
She… he… err… she is a guy! I can’t… I’m not… guy!!!

>Now I'm sure you have a lot of alcohol to get to…
:VladUNB: I believe you guys own me a few drinks!
:JalUNB: Well, look who we have here… was the revelation really so bad that you need to wash your mind with alcohol or do you just need some liquid courage?
:VladUNB: What I need is for you two to shut up and give me something strong already!
:BradfordUNB: Fair enough… Barkeep, you heard the man! Something strong!
:StenUNB: …I can’t serve alcohol to someone who’s underage.
:VladUNB: What!? But I’m not-
:StenUNB: Vladimir, I have known you and your father since I bought this inn. I know you’re only seventeen. I can serve you some weak cider or beer, but that’s it.
:VladUNB: …nuts.
:StenUNB: Oh, and nuts. I can serve you snacks, including nuts.

Insert He got some big nuts saying no to Brad_
>>
No. 569448 ID: 2c6ff1

>>569445
Vlad, have you caught yourself staring at handsome men? Did strange thoughts surface when Brad suggested you wash eachothers' backs? Do you find Alex's body attractive? I mean, aside from the lack of facial markings she has the body of a man. It can't just be her eyes.

How do you know you don't like men when you have no sexual experience and apparently refuse to entertain the idea? You might like ladies too, even if you do like guys. Don't forget that.
>>
No. 569458 ID: ffa549

>I can’t… I’m not… guy!
People have gotten around worse obstacles. And it may not even be as much of one as you think. But we won't push it.

>Not an adult
My father is dead, and I've been fighting to keep this town safe. I may not be 18, but I'm a man, Sten.
>>
No. 569464 ID: eb10ea

Old enough to be eaten by undead or murdered by cultists, but can't get a stiff drink? How is 'underage drinking' even a concept in a place that doesn't have plumbing?!?

Call Mikhail over, see what she's up to. Try not to schmooze too hard, Jal.
>>
No. 569480 ID: 65a774
File 139682414258.png - (19.87KB , 900x450 , 79.png )
569480

>Vlad, have you caught yourself staring at handsome men?
W-what- Why d-do you ask that!? O-of course not!! I’m not- NO! N-never!
>Did strange thoughts surface when Brad suggested you wash eachothers' backs?
I-I don’t… I didn’t… I… I don’t w-want another man touching m-me like that.
>Do you find Alex's body attractive?
Of c-course! She d-doesn’t look m-male! The way she walks… the way she stands…
>You might like ladies too, even if you do like guys. Don't forget that.
I LIKE GIRLS! NOT GUYS!
>How do you know you don't like men when you have no sexual experience and apparently refuse to entertain the idea?
Because being gay is wrong and dad used to say that all gay people are evil and deserve to freeze down in Hel’s domain wi- with… with… but… then… Alex… evil? Err… I think… I think I need to re… rethink some things…

>My father is dead, and I've been fighting to keep this town safe. I may not be 18, but I'm a man, Sten.
:VladUNB: –I AM A MAN!!
:StenUNB: I don’t care what you are, I’m not going to let the son of one of my deceased friends destroy his life with drink like his father did. If you want a drink then you’ll have to learn restraint, boy.
:JalUNB: Pff, restraint? I’ve never restrained from a drink and look at me!
:StenUNB: Tell me, drunkard, why aren’t you working in the academy instead of here? I’m pretty sure that’s the place where every intellectual dream to be, right?
:JalUNB: Oh, I worked there, but the bastards threw me out! Just because I danced naked on the roof this one time… err… three times… and showed up drunk to several lectures… and puked on the High Meister… and that one time, in the alchemy lab, when I showed a-
:VladUNB: Point taken. I’ll take a cider then.
:StenUNB: Good, lad. It’s on the house.
>Old enough to be eaten by undead or murdered by cultists, but can't get a stiff drink?
:StenUNB: Desperate times calls for desperate measures. Personally, I think it’s folly to let someone with so few winters under their belts fight those monstrosities.
>How is 'underage drinking' even a concept in a place that doesn't have plumbing?!?
:StenUNB: Err… we have plumbing?
:VladUNB: What even is plumbing?
:StenUNB: The pipes with water in them.
:VladUNB: Oh! Those! I didn’t have those back home!

>Call Mikhail over, see what she's up to. Try not to schmooze too hard, Jal.
:MikhailUNB: Are you drunk?
:JalUNB: Just a bit tipsy, pretty lady.
:MikhailUNB: …if you’re this drunk tonight you can forget about coming over.
:JalUNB: Err… wait, honey, don’t- dammit!
:BradfordUNB: Ha! Aren’t you a self-destructive drunk!
:JalUNB: You’re the one to talk! You’re just as drunk as I am! Bah, all this talking is making me thirsty. Another drink, Barkeep!
:StenUNB: …shouldn’t you try to sober up before to-
:JalUNB: I said, another drink! Now!
:BradfordUNB: Well, aren’t you a bit irritated.
:JalUNB: I’M NOT IRRITADED! I JUST NEED ANOTHER FREAKING DRINK!
:StenUNB: *Sigh* Watch and learn, kid…

Insert Drinking your life away_
>>
No. 569482 ID: 2c6ff1

>>569480
Jal, you should stop drinking for the day. You want to tap that ass, don't you? There are things you want more than being drunk.

...I'm still worried about Dooriya. I would rather like to investigate her dreams sooner rather than later...
>>
No. 569486 ID: eb10ea

Jal, you need to decide weather you'd rather get drunk or get laid. They're both vices I'm reluctant to encourage, but it sounds like you should try the latter for a change of pace. Calm down and sober up; you probably know some alchemy magics that will help.

If you'll excuse us, we're way overdue checking up on Dooriya. Don't have too much fun.

[switch to sister of wisdom]
>>
No. 569488 ID: ffa549

Jal, c'mon, what's more important- booze or booty?

Just sober up. You have time. You can get completely smashed some night you don't have a date.
>>
No. 569493 ID: dbe554

Jal, a wonderful ass is not something to pass up! Sober up or else you might not find something that good in a while!
>>
No. 569504 ID: d0e0a2

Doth my ears deceive me? Jal is choosing mere alcohol over the sure chance to plow such fine albino tail? The master of bed magics is passing up the opportunity to tap such ass? Are you really going to let this go?! Especially when it's been more than a week since you last got laid?

Vlad, go get Alexandra; She'll know how to handle Drunk Jal better than anyone else. And if he chooses booze over booty conspire with Sten and the two Order guards to get him thrown in the city watch drunk tank until 10:50 to sober up. Not ideal, but at least that way he'll have a head clear of both booze and horniness come tomorrow morning.
>>
No. 569551 ID: 65a774
File 139688753849.png - (16.01KB , 900x450 , 80.png )
569551

>Jal, you need to decide whether you'd rather get drunk or get laid.
:JalUNB: Pff! I can get both! More drinks!
:BradfordUNB: No you can’t. Choose one, ya crybaby! You’re just lucky that girl of yours already left to get food.
:JalUNB: But I want both! Give me both!
:StenUNB: Right, you’ve definitely had too much.
>You can get completely smashed some night you don't have a date.
:JalUNB: But I want it now… let me forget, will you!?
>Doth my ears deceive me? Jal is choosing mere alcohol over the sure chance to plow such fine albino tail? The master of bed magics is passing up the opportunity to tap such ass?
:JalUNB: But… I… I can… I want… I want to sleep… to forget… again… mommy?
:BradfordUNB: Well then, let’s get you to your room… or better yet, my room.
:VladUNB: …wait, what?
:BradfordUNB: He probably got a lot of booze stashed in his room somewhere.
:VladUNB: Oh, right…

>[switch to sister of wisdom]

:LightUNB: Welcome back, my sweet butterfly…
:DooriyaUNB: …Steve?
:LightUNB: …indeed, but please, call me QIO. It’s my… well, part of my name… a part you can pronounce.
:DooriyaUNB: …and you’re a daemon?
:LightUNB: …indeed, I am.
:DooriyaUNB: Why did you lie to me?
:LightUNB: Would you have trusted me if I told you the truth?
:DooriyaUNB: No, bu-
:LightUNB: Do you trust me now?
:DooriyaUNB: …I guess I have to trust you a bit. If you were here to eat my soul or something you would have already done so but… then why are you here? Why are you in my dreams trying to make me happy? What is your goal?
:LightUNB: To make you happy, of course, my dear butterfly.
:DooriyaUNB: …there’s no way you’re doing this just because of that.
:LightUNB: Then it’s because your light is so much brighter then anyone’s else… brighter than all the stars in the very sky. You’re so much more than all the waters, earths and skies combined … you’re all that I wish… all that I’ve dreamt off…
:DooriyaUNB: I… but… aren’t you some kind of reality warper!? Can’t you just… I don’t know, will someone like me into existence?
:LightUNB: Yes and no… creating someone like you… someone with you strength and weaknesses… perfections and flaws… would be impossible. Heh… and it’s funny, isn’t it?
:DooriyaUNB: …what is?
:LightUNB: Here I am, a so called reality warper, on my very knees begging, praying to whoever hear me to please, please let the moments we have together last forever. I fight time itself so I can will the time we have to be never-ending, at least for us.
:DooriyaUNB: ...wait, so you’re saying-
:LightUNB: Dooriya… my sweet butterfly… I love you with all my heart… or I will love you in your future… at least, in the timelines I wish for I do. You are the reason I am here. You are the reason why I fight… and you are… you… y-you are the reason why I w-will die.
:DooriyaUNB: What!?

Insert Illusion and Dreams_
>>
No. 569552 ID: d674bc

'kay. We know him to have tons of wives, but, considering everything, listen him out.
>>
No. 569553 ID: ffa549

...wait, you love me because I'm going to kill you, or in spite of it? Why would you ever choose to shoot for a timeline where I kill you, anyways?

Really trust would be a lot easier if you just explained this all clearly.
>>
No. 569556 ID: 2c6ff1

>>569552
Tons? We just know the "wives" bit. Also we don't know if he has more than one wife at once, or if it's just referring to multiple timelines and they're all Dooriya.

Yo Steve, sorry to interrupt a personal moment, but we had to see what was going on in here. Honestly I'm not sure what to make of this. Bob told us Demons can't die. What's up with that? Was that another one of his lies? I mean he lied to us about what emotions are tasty and filling.

Also what the hell is with that gigantic space station in the background? Is this a vision of the past, before the world was fucked up? Speaking of the past... Steve, were all Daemons created when the world was created? What is their purpose?

Lastly what went on in the other Sister's dream last night? She can't remember it aside from being freaked out about it.
>>
No. 569563 ID: d0e0a2

...What? Er... Sorry for dropping in. We wanted to make sure that Dooriya was alright. You understand, right?

Steve, what are you saying here? The only way we know of a daemon can effectively die is to be cut off from emotional sustenance and wither away to a mindless husk. How would you get into a situation where you'd be cut off like that? The only one I can think of is if you lose the war... Or is it that you totally expend all your power and sacrifice yourself to perform one last grand action?

What is it about Dooriya that makes her so special to you, Steve? What combination of qualities is it? Because we've heard you had other mortal wives before, so did they all have that same special quality?

Why did Drina get freaked out when you dropped into her dream? She just didn't like your company for some reason?

And I'm curious; What is your summon sacrifice? Bob said he promised not to tell because you found it embarrassing, so you don't have to answer if you don't want to.

...That shaft of light in the distance... That looks like the one we saw rise from the Pillar of the World... Aw, why didn't we see it before? The tallest Pillar of the World is at the center of the world, isn't it? Right under the center of Aerathin’s Belt. And the beam of light goes right into it. That's got to mean something. What, I don't know yet, but it has to be important in some way.

>>569556
That's one of the moons. It's just closer than we've seen it before... And the second moon is missing, which is odd, but this is a dream so odd and strange things can easily happen here.
>>
No. 569566 ID: 65a774
File 139689702148.png - (15.97KB , 900x450 , 81.png )
569566

>What the hell is with that gigantic space station in the background?
Err… that’s one of the moons? It’s just really close… actually, I’m pretty sure it’s impossible for it to be this close.
>...That shaft of light in the distance... That looks like the one we saw rise from the Pillar of the World... Aw, why didn't we see it before? The tallest Pillar of the World is at the center of the world, isn't it? Right under the center of Aerathin’s Belt.
:LightUNB: That’s just the dream talking. The pillar is the highest point of the world, not the center. In fact, it almost as far north as possible from the center. Aerathin’s Belt isn’t supposed to be anywhere near here.

>Er... Sorry for dropping in. We wanted to make sure that Dooriya was alright. You understand, right?
:LightUNB: No need to apologize, I already knew you would come and prepared for it. It’s good that you’re concerned of Dooriya.
>We know him to have tons of wives, but, considering everything, listen him out.
:LightUNB: Tons? I’ve had one… and that was not by choice. It was before the awakening, after all.
:DooriyaUNB: The what?
:LightUNB: In the ancient times… when the gods still walked the world we were but mindless beast. We simply followed the commands the gods themselves gave us…
>Steve, were all Daemons created when the world was created? What is their purpose?
:DooriyaUNB: But… you guys fought the gods! How can you fight them if they were the one commanding you?
:LightUNB: We were created to make things interesting. To make an enemy that they all should unite against… and then they gave us personalities to make us… more real.
:DooriyaUNB: But… are you telling me they killed millions because they thought it would be interesting?
:LightUNB: …the truth is, they made us all, the whole world, to entertain themselves.
:DooriyaUNB: I don’t… I can’t believe you!
:LightUNB: I know.
>what went on in the other Sister's dream last night? She can't remember it aside from being freaked out about it.
:LightUNB: I simple wished to talk to her about Dooriya and me. Most people find dream walking a bit… unsettling at first.
:DooriyaUNB: But why didn’t she remember?
:LightUNB: Because it was a dream. You wouldn’t remember either if you didn’t allow me to help you remember. She was still… untrusting of me and I deemed it best not to meddle with her mind without permission.
>I'm curious; What is your summon sacrifice?
:LightUNB: …the presences of beautiful mantis women.

>What is it about Dooriya that makes her so special to you, Steve?
:LightUNB: Intelligence, wisdom, charisma, willpower, creativity, humor, passion, sympathy, generosity, perfect shaped and colored eyes, gorgeous long legs, stunning looks, alluring thick abdomen, her cute laugh, that adorable way she bends her antenna when she got a question, the delightful way she clicks her mandibles when she’s happy, the wa-
:DooriyaUNB: That’s enough! Geez… you’re making me blush…
>Honestly I'm not sure what to make of this. Bob told us Demons can't die. What's up with that?
:LightUNB: We can’t die, yes… but our minds can.
:DooriyaUNB: …you can go insane?
:LightUNB: That’s one way, yes… or we can move our mind away from our… real body and severe the ties to it. A new Daemon will be “born” from our corpse while the old one will… well; it depends on where the mind wanders, really.
>...wait, you love me because I'm going to kill you, or in spite of it? Why would you ever choose to shoot for a timeline where I kill you, anyways?
:LightUNB: Because it’s the only timelines where we will be together in the end. There are three endings to this story… either we lose and you’ll die, we win and the daemon realm get sealed again thus ensuring that we’ll never see each other again or… we win and I stay. If I… remove my mind from my daemon form before the realm become sealed again I’ll… stay on this side.
:DooriyaUNB: …you’re planning on making yourself mortal?
:LightUNB: …y-yes, m-mortal… that’s i-it…
:DooriyaUNB: And you’re scared of it.
:LightUNB: …you have to realize, knowing that… even h-having the concept of… d-death is… we are e-endless beings… just knowing that y-your time is suddenly finite is a c-concept that… is rather nightmarish, y-yes.
:DooriyaUNB: …yet still you wish to do it? For me?
:LightUNB: As I see it, life isn’t worth living without… so… even in the face of death… knowing that oblivion comes for me… I love you.
:DooriyaUNB: I… I don’t know what to say…

Insert Slap him and call him a creep!_
>>
No. 569570 ID: 2c6ff1

>>569566
He's pouring his heart out to you. Least you can do is give him a chance, have some dream dates or whatever. Also, Dooriya, that's no moon. Look at the lines on it. It's obviously man-made.

So Steve, if you're telling the truth, this form you've taken is what your final body might look like? I'm wondering what your reflection would look like in the real world... Hopefully not as nightmarish as Bob's, considering your role in this game. Speaking of the game, were the gods killed or did they just get sick of the rebellion and run off? Should we call you QIO or would you rather only Dooriya do that?

Alright, here's another big question. What's this nonsense about Daemon slavery? I'm not keen on trying to stop it since that would mean siding with the daemons that want to eat everyone, but an explanation would be nice.
>>
No. 569581 ID: eb10ea

Crap! My paranoia is conflicting with my inner cupid!
...
AAAGH DAMMIT JUST KISS HIM ALREADY

>I can’t believe you!
Call it insider info, but he's kind of right.

Tell us more about the Awakening. Do you know if the gods caused it or if it happened naturally? Did it only happen to you or to everyone?
>>
No. 569641 ID: d0e0a2

...Man, I was way off the mark on the light beam. We better to get a look at a world map before our cartographic confusion causes a real problem.

Dooriya, you were happier after your one dream-time with him than you'd been in years, so I'd say give him a chance. You'll have as long as how many dreams you'll have until the seal is ready to be placed to get to know him as other than the Light. Then you can decide.

Steve, I'd suggest realistic settings for any future dream dates. Stick more to what you'd be able to do once mortal rather than what you can do now.

Now, if I'm understanding what you're saying correctly, the number of daemon bodies is fixed, right? No new ones can be created? If true, then potentially could all the daemons be satiated with just "good vibes" if the population of mortals grew high enough? Or has that idea already been examined and determined unfeasible?

Did the daemon realm first get sealed back before the Awakening, when the gods were still around? Because I'm thinking that might have been the original win condition for the game if it wasn't set to "endless" mode.

And Dooriya, Steve was telling the truth about this world; It was built by gods as a game for other gods to play. And it isn't even a finished version. They were still testing and fixing issues with it until shortly before they all died. Which makes me slightly nervous that we'll inadvertently break it somehow.

That reminds me: Hey, Steve, you know what killed the "gods?" If not, do you wanna know? 'Cause we know.
>>
No. 569673 ID: ffa549

>…the truth is, they made us all, the whole world, to entertain themselves.
...having met some of these gods, I'm kind of inclined to believe it.

>becoming mortal
A small sidenote to the whole sacrifice for love story here- but what about the 'new' demon born from the mindless body you leave behind? That's potentially a rather dangerous problem.

>I… I don’t know what to say…
How do you feel? Don't worry about the demons and gods and conflict stuff. Just, how do you feel about him, on a personal level?
>>
No. 569707 ID: 65a774
File 139697317223.png - (15.94KB , 900x450 , 82.png )
569707

>AAAGH DAMMIT JUST KISS HIM ALREADY!
What!? No!
>Dooriya, that's no moon. Look at the lines on it. It's obviously man-made.
What do you mean? The moon has always looked like that! It isn’t man-made, it’s god-made.
>Call it insider info, but he's kind of right.
But… that would mean… we’re just pawns on a giant chess table?

>How do you feel? Don't worry about the demons and gods and conflict stuff. Just, how do you feel about him, on a personal level?
:DooriyaUNB: I… I don’t know… I guess he’s kind of sweet and… but… um…
:LightUNB: Don’t haste yourself with an answer, my sweet butterfly. We still have plenty of time to know each other.
>He's pouring his heart out to you. Least you can do is give him a chance, have some dream dates or whatever.
:DooriyaUNB: I… guess… right, I’ll give you a chance.
:LightUNB: And that’s all I ask. Thank you.

>So Steve, if you're telling the truth, this form you've taken is what your final body might look like?
:LightUNB: Indeed it is. Do you like it?
:DooriyaUNB: Well… you are rather handsome and… err…
>I'm wondering what your reflection would look like in the real world...
:LightUNB: Depends on when. Before we seal the daemon realm I will look a lot like Bob, but after... then I will be mortal and look just like this body does.
>Steve, I'd suggest realistic settings for any future dream dates. Stick more to what you'd be able to do once mortal rather than what you can do now.
:LightUNB: My ability to dream walk isn’t part of the daemon powers. The knowledge to do it won’t be lost… I’ll just not have the power to dream walk far.
>Hey, Steve, you know what killed the "gods?"
:LightUNB: That, I do not know. Sorry.
>If not, do you wanna know? 'Cause we know.
:LightUNB: …you do? Really?
:DooriyaUNB: WHAT!? You do!? Tell us!! Now!!
>Should we call you QIO or would you rather only Dooriya do that?
:LightUNB: QIO is… closer to my real name so… you can call me what you want, really.

>Tell us more about the Awakening.
:LightUNB: Let’s see… The ancient age ended when the gods disappeared and thus the so called Dark Age dawned. Our realm had been sealed not long before so we had no way to actually observe your world but the consequences of the gods departure was felt even in our world. Your emotional energy started to dry up and a mass starvation started on our side. Within just a few years at least three fourths of the world population of this world had died and the ones that were left didn’t bring enough emotions for us to feed on and thus we descended into darkness. We don’t know how long afterwards it happened but… we awoke suddenly… with a knowledge of our selves. Knowledge we did not have before.
:DooriyaUNB: Yes, I’ve heard about the Dark age… but we don’t call the end of it “the awakening”, but the dawn of the current age. You have to know, when the gods left every empire built by their hands collapsed, killing billions and leaving the world in disarray. No one has yet even found a written record of the Dark Age, it was as if civilization just stopped and let themselves die.
>What's this nonsense about Daemon slavery?
:LightUNB: It’s not nonsense but… it’s necessary. As I told you, there wasn’t enough emotion to go around… and there still isn’t. In the ancient times there we’re a lot more people around… and the gods made sure there was a lot of war and suffering going on. Today, there isn’t simply enough to feed us all, so some of us have to draw the short straw, so to speak.
>Now, if I'm understanding what you're saying correctly, the number of daemon bodies is fixed, right? No new ones can be created?
:LightUNB: Indeed. We can never die, just as we can never be born.
>If true, then potentially could all the daemons be satiated with just "good vibes" if the population of mortals grew high enough?
:LightUNB: That is a possibility, but… as you can see now, when the less fortuned ones gets enough emotions they rebel and make sure there will never be enough people to feed us all. It’s short sighted, sure, but they are rather desperate.
>what about the 'new' demon born from the mindless body you leave behind?
:LightUNB: I will leave it in our realm when it get sealed away. It will stay there forever, don’t worry.
:DooriyaUNB: But… what if the realm opens again in the future?
:LightUNB: …Possibly, but… No one of us has seen it open in the future. This will probably be the last time it needs to be sealed. Now, sit down and enjoy the wine, my sweet butterfly.

Insert Info dump deals 4 billion damage! You have died! Game over! You win nothing! NOTHING! GO HOME, LOSER!!_
>>
No. 569718 ID: 2c6ff1

Wait, we know what killed the gods? Oh... oh yeah, now I remember. It was Wrath. An ancient AI that developed a universe-wide soul-sucking device. Sucked the souls right outta everybody, eventually. At first though it just caused stillbirths since the babies couldn't get their souls. Eventually we fixed the problem. I'm not sure if we're in a time slot before or after it was fixed, but considering how huge the universe is it'll be a while before anyone finds this world either way.

One last thing before we hop out to Drina. Steve, why do you have access to holy powers?
>>
No. 569738 ID: d0e0a2

Since you really want to know, we'll tell you. Dooriya, you better take a seat for what we're about to say. It's gonna be a doozy.

First thing you should know: The gods as you know them were only gods in this world of their creation. Outside it they were mortals. Mortals possessed of phenomenally advanced technology but still mortals. And their civilization was vast; Trillions spread across tens of thousands of worlds. And in one short period they all inexplicably started getting sick and died.

What happened was they'd unearthed a ancient machine on their homeworld of Origin. A relic from a long fallen even more advanced civilization. A true artificial intelligence wrought of magic and technology. They named it Alpha, and from studying its inactive form they created lesser AIs. But not until it was activated was its true function and power revealed.

When active it drew in and trapped the souls of all living creatures around it. With the energy available on Origin it's sphere of effect rapidly spread out. Within weeks it had reached the farthest colonized world. Within a year everyone was dead, save three lesser AIs, one advanced automaton, and one ancient immortal lizard.

A century later us voices played a pivotal role in the creation of a artificial soul, the defeat of Alpha and the release of the souls. It's a rather involved story we won't get into. But from what we've learned while here it has been at least 900 years since then.

Steve, I have a hunch that when the daemons, and I'd guess everyone else, suddenly "awoke" and became self-aware it was because a bunch of those released souls came into this world. That's because part of what a soul is is the spark of creativity, and that's the basis of intelligence. Without it a being would be like the daemons were: Mindless automatons who can only unchangingly follow their instructions.

>"We’re just pawns on a giant chess table?"
Back when this world was made, you all were. But that was then. Now you've all grown far beyond that point. You're people now, even though the game still calls you "pawns."

Now, we'll step out so you two can have your time together. Dooriya, do you want to tell Drina about this or have us do it? I think she might trust that we didn't get our mind messed with more than you, but it's your call.
>>
No. 569776 ID: eb10ea

>we’re just pawns on a giant chess table?

A chess table is an eight by eight grid with 32 pieces. What you are is a near-identical simulacrum to how the gods lived thousands of years ago, with some changes like magic and advanced civic engineering. How and why they could do this on crowd-based funding is beyond me, however.
>>
No. 569824 ID: ffa549

>But… that would mean… we’re just pawns on a giant chess table?
Well, yes. Although you're pawns the gods left unattended for a long while and then got up and started doing their own thing.
>>
No. 569871 ID: 65a774
File 139705942070.png - (15.21KB , 900x450 , 83.png )
569871

>A chess table is an eight by eight grid with 32 pieces. What you are is a near-identical simulacrum to how the gods lived thousands of years ago, with some changes like magic and advanced civic engineering.
:DooriyaUNB: Well, then we’re just an advance kind of chess!
>Well, yes. Although you're pawns the gods left unattended for a long while and then got up and started doing their own thing.
:DooriyaUNB: But still… we’re just… toys!
:LightUNB: Toys? If what the voices are saying is true, then we’ve been able to break the very destiny the gods created for us! We’re immune to fate itself!
:DooriyaUNB: I… that… that sounds a bit better, yes…

>Steve, why do you have access to holy powers?
:LightUNB: Well, only two things can hurt us Daemons. The gods powers or Daemon powers. I’ll let you guess which I got.
:DooriyaUNB: …we’ve been using daemon powers all this time?
:LightUNB: Indeed. Holy, after all, is just a word. It’s… actually; it’s pretty much the opposite of what the blood god and his friends are using. Instead of corrupting, it removes corruption. Instead of shadows, it’s light. It’s just different sides on the same coin in the end.
>Dooriya, do you want to tell Drina about this or have us do it?
:DooriyaUNB: I… I guess… I guess you can tell her… I don’t know how she will take it but… it’s probably for the best if you do it.
>Since you really want to know, we'll tell you. Dooriya, you better take a seat for what we're about to say. It's gonna be a doozy.
:DooriyaUNB: …the gods aren’t gods? Huh? But they… created us?
:LightUNB: …what is an ie ai? Never mind. I think this is a bit… big for us to take in one setting. But thank you for sharing.

>Now, we'll step out so you two can have your time together.
:LightUNB: Thank you… we have some things to discuss in private. Now, my sweet butterfly, I have a… I need your permission for something… it’s about your arm and a… wicked soul.



:DrinaUNB: Gah! DIE HERETIC!!
:PaladinUNB: You should really calm down a bit, darling~ If you keep this up you’ll hurt those beautiful claws of yours!
:DrinaUNB: I don’t care about my claws!
:PaladinUNB: If you don’t care about them how will you ever get the attention of a nice girl, hmm? Now, darling~, don’t be so rough. Remember that I helped you file those claws down just a day ago.
:DrinaUNB: …fine, I’ll be more careful.

Insert She’s a bit pent up… in more ways than one_
>>
No. 569873 ID: dbe554

Calm down Drina, getting out some aggression and anger is fine but you don't want to overdo it and hurt yourself. You'll be far less effective at killing heretics that way.
>>
No. 569881 ID: ffa549

>immune to fate!
...just watch the hubris, okay?

>>569871
Calm down. You need skill and control more than you need anger, and your sister is going to be all right, we promise.
>>
No. 569885 ID: 2c6ff1

Hey Drina, we found out what's going on with Steve. He says he's in love with Dooriya and wants to, as soon as the war is over, shed his Daemon body to become mortal and live with her until he dies. It may seem unusual for love to blossom so quickly but keep in mind Daemons perceive time non-linearly; Steve is probably using future information about Dooriya's personality as a foundation for his personal attachment. So I guess Dooriya is dating a daemon now! As for your dream, Steve just said he wanted to talk to you about maybe dating your sister, but you found the whole dream-walking thing unsettling. You don't remember it because he chose not to force you to remember; that is the realm of mind influence so he wanted your permission first, and I guess you were too freaked out to grant it or talk to him much.

So, unless Steve is a huge liar everything's fine. We can still visit your dream tonight to monitor it if you like, assuming it's "blessed" again. He might not even visit them.
>>
No. 569890 ID: d0e0a2

I can tell by the half bifurcated training dummy that you're upset. Care to share what's on your mind? You might feel better for letting it out.

I hope you're not mad at us for our bad decision that led to what happened to Dooriya. We should have realized from the start the keystone was already gone and we regret our failure to do so. All I can say is we're sorry and we'll do what we can to make it right.

You haven't been in a romantic relationship in awhile, have you? Mind telling us how your last relationship went? Has it been hard to find time for looking for somebody, hard to find anyone you like, or have you just not been looking? Because we could keep a lookout for a lady you might like if you'd like us to. Just tell us what you like and we'll look for it.

So, now that you've handled the Sword of Light some more what can you tell us about it? Is it self-sharpening and self-repairing like we guessed?

Would you be okay with taking some of your time to tutor Anna in sword fighting? She's already learning from the recruit training sessions, but I worry that sooner rather than later she's going to get into a situation where she'll need to be more skilled than she'd be from just them.
>>
No. 569892 ID: 65a774
File 139707499929.png - (15.55KB , 900x450 , 84.png )
569892

>Calm down Drina, getting out some aggression and anger is fine but you don't want to overdo it and hurt yourself.
Shut it, voice. I know what I’m doing.
>I can tell by the half bifurcated training dummy that you're upset. Care to share what's on your mind?
Upset? Of course I’m upset! My sister is badly hurt and it’s entirely my fault! I should have protected her! I saw it coming! I hear your warning but still… she got hurt.
>I hope you're not mad at us for our bad decision that led to what happened to Dooriya.
No, I don’t blame you. It’s my fault. I was one of the superior officers; I should have known it was too dangerous. You even told me that they would teleport but I didn’t listen! I was too focused to have a good fight and now Sis is in danger! Argh! Why must I be so stupid!
>So, now that you've handled the Sword of Light some more what can you tell us about it? Is it self-sharpening and self-repairing like we guessed?
…I don’t know about self-repairing but it’s still as sharp as when I got it… and I’m pretty sure it’s rebalance itself depending on which hand I wield it with… hmm…
>Would you be okay with taking some of your time to tutor Anna in sword fighting?
I’m no