[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki] :: [Discord]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Embed (advanced)   Help
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 25600 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 160243551405.jpg - (759.04KB , 1470x2311 , Divergent 1.jpg )
978305 No. 978305 ID: 2bd15b

chapter 1 https://tgchan.org/kusaba/quest/res/757996.html
chapter 2 https://tgchan.org/kusaba/quest/res/777113.html
Discussion thread https://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/107070.htm
Chapter 4 https://tgchan.org/kusaba/quest/res/929115.html
Draw thread, where you can ask me to draw certain things
https://tgchan.org/kusaba/draw/res/32929.html

wiki https://tgchan.org/wiki/Root_and_Branches
Expand all images
>>
No. 978306 ID: 2bd15b
File 160243554595.jpg - (2.39MB , 3508x1908 , Divergent 2.jpg )
978306

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOUUS6JIRQ0&t=983s&ab_channel=TheArchiveBros
>>
No. 978307 ID: 9b589b

*patiently waits for whatever Anthony will do*
>>
No. 978308 ID: caa473

>>978306
Uh, yeah sure just don’t scratch me or anything please.

*gingerly shakes eyeing those claws.*
>>
No. 978310 ID: 684c4b

*whispers to Anthony* ...Needles of life can heal any scratches, you know...
>>
No. 978311 ID: 5f4030

>>978310
*whispers back* Yeah but I’d rather not need one in the first place
>>
No. 978315 ID: d63ea8

God, I thought he was going to keep talking forever. So what's the plan?

Are we going to humor this guy or just blow him off?

>>
No. 978316 ID: caa473

>>978315
Inner Thoughts: I’ve no idea, he just called us to this meeting and I’m not even really sure what the deal is. I’m always wary of deals that seem too good to be true now, but I’ll at least give him the benefit of the doubt until I’m certain otherwise.
>>
No. 978324 ID: d63ea8

Alright, but he better not start waxing poetic again.
>>
No. 978332 ID: 2bd15b
File 160246424431.jpg - (577.59KB , 2418x818 , Divergent 3.jpg )
978332

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcSfTpMuJkM&ab_channel=LumpyTouch
>>
No. 978333 ID: caa473

>>978332
Sorry dude, most people when the they call these kinda of meetings always have some kind of ulterior motive, it’s just kind of what I’ve come to expect around here. It’s nothing against you personally. However in the interest of honesty I feel it’s best to tell you I have curator with me who is bonded to me so secrecy is gonna be a bit of a problem.
>>
No. 978334 ID: d63ea8

*Withered Ace facepalms.*

Don't TELL him I'm here. I swear that you're way too trusting.

>>
No. 978335 ID: caa473

>>978334
Inner thoughts: Oh I don’t trust him at all, but this let’s him know I have a hole card he didn’t know about. If I trusted him completely I would give him your name, and what your power is. The problem with this is now he has to guess what you can do and the powers of curators always run the gambit. Plus if he’s really interested in honesty this is a sign of good faith.
>>
No. 978338 ID: 831086

Well... i can leave if you absolutely don't feel comfortable talking with other witnesses around, Toothpick... I can always read some of the magazines some of the acolytes published while I wait...

However... I'm not going to mince words... I am concerned about the state of Anthony's mental health as of recent... he has been having troubling visions from other timelines and confusing those timelines with our own timeline such as confusing some people who are our enemy in this timeline as being our friend as they may have been allies in different timeline, or being confused whether or not hr has a curator as he has one in some timelines and others he doesn't...

...He even has been having nightmares that are getting stranger for him such as a woman in devil horns harrassing him and most recently a reoccurring nightmare of an infected puppy haunting him... (don't ask)...

It has all been enough to make him paranoid and make him say and do drastic things he wouldn't normally say or do... so as his best friend... I've took it upon myself to be a moral support for him to keep him out of trouble ever since he ran off the last time to where he shouldn't be... he has been getting better since I've been following him.

That said, I'll leave it up to you, Anthony. Do you want me present during your meeting with toothpick to help give you guidance and support even though he might not tell you everything with me here, or do you want me to leave you two in private?
>>
No. 978340 ID: caa473

>>978337
I mean you’re not wrong, I would prefer it if you stay. And I must admit I’ve put a lot of trust in you for this Mr. Toothpick, even so much as telling you about my curator, who I actually only got as she helps me with my mental health on the more... physical level? So I ask you place enough trust in me to let my friends stay for this.
>>
No. 978397 ID: d63ea8

Alright, it is your call I guess. But if Toothpick pulls out some sort of countermeasure, you better put up a fight.
>>
No. 978400 ID: 2bd15b
File 160251686979.jpg - (1.03MB , 3508x1071 , Divergent 4.jpg )
978400

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_Zxcr8YkM0&ab_channel=Kibo
>>
No. 978404 ID: 5f4030

>>978400
Threaten me all you want. I’ve learned to harden myself against words and make of my heart a stone. But if you mean to keep this encounter “friendly,” I suggest you give some leverage, Mr. Toothpick. We want to keep this civil after all. And you are free to let go of my hand whenever you want.

Nathaniel, please wait outside I’ll give him five minutes. I’m more interested in why you want him to leave. Is this supposed to be a sign of trust between us? If so you’re not making a good case, but I’m considering this as a gamble. My parents were always good card players and taught me how to gamble at a young age.
>>
No. 978451 ID: d63ea8

*Withered Ace leans in closer, trying to figure out which eye is the 'good eye.'*

Told you so.

>>
No. 978597 ID: e51896

Well, Anthony... I will respect your decision and wait for you out the door...

*walks over to the door and is about to grab the doorknob when suddenly memories of what Spikey the clown told him earlier emerges into his head*

inner thoughts: “Maybe that is why you love isolation so much, you see everyone as beneath you or as an idiot. So go ahead, isolate yourself away from everyone around you and enjoy you big, smart and rotting brain! You will die alone and unloved by anybody, you would probably prefer it that way”... that is what Spikey told me, right? He may be a jerkass who loves causing pain but... he is all in all a jester, and it is a jester's job to be the voice of the kingdom and insult a king with words nobody else would say in order for the king to realize his faults and terrible decisions he made so he can try to improve himself to become a better king for his people and run a better kingdom... Spikey in his own way was trying to warn me to not isolate away from my friends... in a weird way... I think I fully trust Spikey... now more than ever, Anthony needs my help whether he realizes it or not!

*Nathaniel also remembers overhearing Spikey's warning to Anthony to keep the immortal's heart with him and remembers the Anthony gave it to him


inner thoughts: I still have the immortal's heart Anthony gave me... this must be the advantage Spikey was talking about that Anthony needs at this moment... Anthony doesn't have it anymore but I do... that settles it, I need to stay in the room with Anthony by any means necessary.

inner thoughts: However, convincing Toothpick to have me stay will be quite troublesome... in order to stay, I'm going to need to go into a battle of wits with him... hmmm... I really doubt that Toothpick is going to hurt Anthony and his threats are just empty... Anthony is a very valuable member of the Acolytes of the Ash Tree with his artwork being able to give our leader Root a great advantage over our enemies and steer us all out of trouble on multiple occasions... not to mention all the fans he might anger that may spark some distrust within the members of the Acolytes among each other... if Toothpick hurts Anthony, he will be in a lot of trouble, and he might just know that meaning this whole situation is a facade

inner thoughts: One step at a time, Nathaniel, even if the first step is risky as Anthony's wellbeing is on the line. To start, I will keep things nice and easy and pay close attention to how Toothpick reacts to my questioning for any signs of weaknesses to exploit

*turns around and faces Toothpick* Actually, before I walk out the door, I must ask, is your power trip of threatening Anthony really necessary? It seems rude and unnecessary considering I had agreed to leave you two alone and Anthony trusted you enough to let you know about his little curator and even shook your hand...
but more importantly even if you do make good on your promise and severely break Anthony's fingers, rip his hands off, or kill him, what do you suppose will happen to you, Toothpick? while short term you would get your point across and relieve your anger... but what will this action do to you in the long term?

inner thoughts:Don't tell him the consequences just yet, Nathaniel... Just wait and see for any signs of weaknesses to exploit and manipulate. Something to consider but not jump to conclusions with yet: Toothpick might not have the Acolytes of the Ashtree members best interests in mind if he has ulterior motives and might end up betraying the Acolytes of the Ashtree and what they stand for.
>>
No. 978599 ID: caa473

>>978597
*eyebrows raise and Anthony smiles in surprise *

Well, damn dude. And people wonder why I call you my best friend around here.

He my best best bro in this place that’s for sure.
>>
No. 978600 ID: e51896

Don't interrupt, Anthony. It is Toothpick's turn to talk.
>>
No. 978601 ID: caa473

>>978600
Hahaha! Alright fair.
>>
No. 978623 ID: 2bd15b
File 160277363389.jpg - (1.43MB , 2630x1819 , Divergent 5.jpg )
978623

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b3LMIEcd-A&ab_channel=SupSuper
>>
No. 978625 ID: 5f4030

>>978623
*smiles like a gambler with a good poker hand.*
You’re referring to the painting I did called Killpop. Funny enough, I never once said it had anything to do with Root. Hold on I’ll pull up a transcript of the story that goes with it.

“The Killpop, the tragedy. Two figures, a sister and brother who can’t escape the cycle of abuse. Each one hurting the other, taking advantage of the other.

He comes upstairs, his face leering from behind his mask. Only to find her again, shooting up with the drugs he gave her. Her skin, once pale and fair, turns ruddy with pox marks and makeup from her trying to hide it. He swallows his disgust and rage at this sight. And something else rises, and his disgust turns inward, hating his own lusts.

She once told him, that when she is high, she can pretend no one hurts her, that she’s loved. In that moment, he can’t help find her beautiful.

He takes her on the floor, hating her, hating himself. He tells herself she’s done the same to him. She doesn’t put up much resistance. After it’s over they lay back to back, exhausted. She can’t feel anything anymore, his head lulls and he realizes he’s crying silent tears. The disgust makes bile rise in his throat. But in the end, perhaps they were meant for this.”

I never once said that was Root, or anyone else. But if that’s what your employer thinks well, art is very subjective after all. Have people been saying it’s Root? It makes me wonder wha they really think of him then.

As for Ana and what happened with the knights... I have my own mixed feelings. She was a subject of a lot of my work, and I couldn’t help but kinda cheer for her in the end. I think she did the best she could with a bad situation. I know what Godfrey did, and maybe it wasn’t so much murder as much as it was assisted suicide. I don’t know... It just doesn’t feel right. But I blame Lorence for everything that’s happened.
>>
No. 978626 ID: d63ea8

This guy's just messing with us. I doubt he has anything useful to say.

Make sure that you keep away from him this time.

>>
No. 978857 ID: e51896

>>978623
>I advise you not to spread around what you hear from me. I am telling you this for your own good.

Understood.

>>978625
Even so, Anthony, I think for next time for everyone's safety, it might be best to just use fake names with a description stating that the characters in your story are all fictional and that any relationships to any real life people are merely coincidental so that no misunderstandings like that happen again, at least until Root comes back.

The only things I know about Ana is hearing that she forced a good friend of mine to fall from a tall building, and that Anthony telling me that he was planning a funeral for her for some reason... I suppose Anthony would probably want her corpse for that event...
>>
No. 978883 ID: 2bd15b
File 160306432544.jpg - (2.82MB , 3508x2376 , Divergent 6.jpg )
978883

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAf5yfgICrE&ab_channel=Slyzer
>>
No. 978900 ID: e51896

Anthony, my suggestion would be to have Toothpick keep his mask on, I think it will be more comfortable for him to talk with whatever state toothpick feels more comfortable in, and show we can trust him enough even with his mask on. our conversation can remain civil even with a mask on.

inner thoughts: after all, I wish to keep my own mask on, and asking Toothpick to remove his mask would mean I would be the only one with a mask, and that would be awkward
>>
No. 978907 ID: 0fa94e
File 160307015961.jpg - (407.71KB , 1198x1600 , 905483FC-FEF1-4494-B827-D700021755E3.jpg )
978907

>>978900
It makes sense but I think he should just do whatever make him feel comfortable. Its gonna be kinda hard to rattle me at this point. I’ve seen Stitch’s face, Lorence’s face, there’s a lot of people who feel they don’t qualify as human any more because of their appearance. Perfect example, my friend from the Cross Ash, Balian? His girlfriend feels like that sometimes. But I believe actions speak louder than words, Balian’s girl is a total sweetheart. I guarantee it’s not gonna faze me as much as you think it will.

Also regarding my work, it’s not just the emotions I put I into canvas, but what I do is I paint things as they really are. I’m holding a mirror up to the community and saying “This is what the world is, what it was, and what you’ve allowed to let the world become. This is what’s got us to this point. So what are you going to do about it?” I would say, that is the exactly right image the public needs to see.

For example, there’s a piece which is currently hanging in the gallery now, “The Puppetmaster.” It represents someone constantly working from the shadows making everyone who wears that sign dance to his tune. His status quo. I’m still curious as to how people are taking that one.
>>
No. 978982 ID: d63ea8

Not going to lie, those newest two pictures really gave me the heebie-jeebies. And yeah, have him keep his mask on, otherwise he's going to be a drama-queen about it.
>>
No. 979071 ID: 2bd15b
File 160320613063.jpg - (3.07MB , 3508x2423 , Divergent 7.jpg )
979071

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eqDtJJpMfs&ab_channel=CartoonsTwenty4Seven
>>
No. 979073 ID: e51896

From the looks of things, it sounds like Lorence did not exactly plan to execute her but instead had other plans for her, because otherwise, Lorence would have just executed her right there and then on the spot when he greeted her, but instead he brought her somewhere where she wouldn't be found. Perhaps they were going to subject Ana to a fate worse than death then considering how you said the next part was disturbing? or maybe they were going to use her as bait for something since you said she attracts all sorts of beings? or worse... Did Ana do something disturbing to Lorence and the people involved?

Whatever the case, Anthony, do you want to hear this? if so, you might want to sit down for this and take some deep breaths if you really want to hear this... and keep an open mind, alright?
>>
No. 979107 ID: 5f4030

>>979073
*deep inhale*

Continue.
>>
No. 979183 ID: d63ea8

...
>>
No. 979258 ID: 2bd15b
File 160337592639.jpg - (1.61MB , 3508x1345 , Divergent 8.jpg )
979258

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpC_N53rUi8&ab_channel=SamuelLaflamme
>>
No. 979260 ID: 5f4030

>>979258
Hm. I have some ideas as to what’s up with her eye. As for what I actually think about it... You probably wouldn’t believe me if I told you.
>>
No. 979268 ID: e51896

Hmm, well I've never seen what Ana looks like, but I do know that whenever Anthony would often talk about her to me, one detail he told me about his dreams about her was that her eyes would be shrouded in shadow like she was blindfolded which I find odd. That must be what you are referring to, correct? You said you have an explanation for that weird shadow covering her eyes, Anthony? You can tell us, I've heard weirder explanations.
>>
No. 979269 ID: 218d84

>>979268
When it comes to figuring out why her eyes are always in shadow in pictures taken of her, I have some guesses, the one that I believe is kinda silly. My old literature teacher back in highschool used to say that "The eyes are windows to the soul." If that's the case Ana's soul is guarded against those who would see it. Maybe because of her anomalous nature? That's the best I can figure out.
>>
No. 979270 ID: e51896

>>979269
Well, you're right about one thing, Anthony... I definitely did not believe it even after you told me.
>>
No. 979271 ID: e51896

*Fortune Ana said nothing but couldn't help but burst out laughing at Lorence, probably mentioning something about him going senile whenever she could catch her breath before bursting out laughing again*.
>>
No. 979276 ID: d63ea8

Or it means that we still have a problem. Someone might've switched out Ana for a body double.

But that doesn't really seem possible if Lorence was with her the entire time...

Hmm. We're definitely missing something.

>>
No. 979338 ID: 2bd15b
File 160346808819.jpg - (2.50MB , 3508x2062 , Divergent 9.jpg )
979338

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eby0bVEIWcs&ab_channel=95maxthebest
>>
No. 979342 ID: 218d84

>>979338
I have mixed feelings about her. I think she is power hungry and was ultimately the cause of a lot of the twisted philosophy that many of the followers of Ash believe. On the other hand, I get the feeling there is some underlying trauma that made her this way, everything else that's followed has been symptom of that. So I guess you could say I pity her more than anything.
>>
No. 979631 ID: e51896

For my opinion of Delilah, I see her as one of my superiors, but we usually don't interact with each other much. On the rare occasions we do, she usually see's me as an errand boy asking me to pick up some kind of item for her, or bring someone over to her, but that's about it. I try to stay out of her way and leave her to her own business.
>>
No. 979632 ID: e51896

*Fortune sits on the floor to calm herself from her laughter, leaving her vulnerable, mentioning that it's been a long day*

*As proof she isn't under Absolution's control, she explains how back she was in the Last Will Trade and Exchange shop, she spoke with Lorence requesting him to give Clara a Needle of Life to help heal her and had One Horned Jack send it to Lorence when he was being taken by Lorence for his "personal evaluation". She mentions that the spector shop worker and maybe the blacksmith can attest to this statement as witnesses*

*Fortune Then explains how the voices had informed her that when the voices spoke to Lorence regarding if he healed Clara or not near the radio tower, Lorence stated that he attempted to help heal her with the needle, but it did not work work since it can't heal someone if the person doesn't want to be healed*

*With that in mind, Fortune then asks Clara if Lorence's statement is true, if Lorence at all attempted to heal Clara with the needle she sent to Lorence.*

*Is mainly asking more for morbid curiosity and to see everyone's reaction than getting out alive as she believes Lorence won't change his mind regardless of whether she proves she isn't under Absolution's control or not"
>>
No. 979654 ID: d63ea8

Oh am I getting polled now?

*sigh*

She was a little psycho before, but I did prefer that to her being an invalid. It's like we're peddling around a corpsey scarecrow in a chair.

>>
No. 979655 ID: 5f4030

>>979654
Um. Well that’s Clara. She’s Root’s... I don’t know body double and girlfriend? What’s the deal with their relationship anyway? It seems pretty one sided.

But he meant Delilah, Root’s adopted sister.

To paraphrase what she said about Clara, she was crazy before but that was the better alternative to wheeling her around as she is now.
>>
No. 979762 ID: 2bd15b
File 160382768001.jpg - (4.33MB , 3508x3465 , Divergent 10.jpg )
979762

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ&ab_channel=RickAstleyVEVO
>>
No. 979768 ID: 0fa94e

>>979762
Needs work. So Ana is below huh? Yay. Woohoo. Awesome.

*sigh* God damn I hate these people.
>>
No. 979833 ID: e51896

well Toothpick... I guess that story was disturbing like you said it was. Kind of odd how after all this time of trying to hunt and kill her on sight they in the end just decide to keep her prisoner in a place where she can do no more harm to anyone and no one can harm her. I'm sure they have cameras on her 24/7 just to make sure nothing supernatural doesn't try anything, yeah?

And for criticism's sake, when you said Toothpick's story needed work, how would you have improved it, Anthony? would you say a plot twist where it turns out that the person in the wheelchair who stopped talking to everyone, won't eat, and just stares at the wall all day due to emotional distress wasn't Clara at all but was actually a mannequin or something the whole time while the real Clara is hiding somewhere in one of her masterful disguises? That'd be weird... right?
>>
No. 979905 ID: d63ea8

I'm just going to ignore that last question.

But in all seriousness you need to ease off on some of the drawings Anthony, you're starting to make Lorcence act a lot more crazy than he usually is. Either of us could be next one he dismembers.

>>
No. 979913 ID: 5f4030

>>979833
It was sarcasm dude.

Inner thoughts: Yeah maybe, but I also don’t want to just give up yet either
>>
No. 979925 ID: 2bd15b
File 160394169491.jpg - (615.36KB , 1721x974 , Divergent 11.jpg )
979925

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IITW4P52gC4&ab_channel=GT
>>
No. 979927 ID: e51896

Im not someone who makes a deal without knowing the price. What is the price if you dont mind me asking?
>>
No. 979935 ID: 5f4030

>>979925
Dude, I’m fucking sick of deals and punishments for information. If you wanna tell us just fucking tell us.

Fucking Christ on a short pony, this is why I hate this cult. It’s all power plays secrets and the status quo. Why isn’t anyone just willing to be a good fucking person anymore? Everyone only does something when the have something to gain, it’s just more corrupt capitalist ideas taking out the other old capitalist ideas.

Fuck me man. And you were worried about your face being the thing that disgusted me.

*Anthony sits his chair away from Mr. Toothpick in frustration.*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqbk9cDX0l0
>>
No. 979951 ID: e51896

Anthony, I understand your anger, you've been taken advantage of by a lot of people who wanted to use you art to their own advantage that you did not intend the art to be used for... but lets not jump to conclusions, okay friend? As your moral support, I recommend taking some deep breaths.

Maybe Toothpick doesn't mean a price we would have to pay him personally as a power play or being punished by him personally on his part per say, but maybe what he means is that if we learn what really happen, the price might actually mean that learning the truth could mentally scar us because of how horrible it might be for us to hear for example, or that the knowledge itself is something some outside forces doesn't want us to learn and the price of learning it could have those forces come after us, and toothpick saying there is a price is only a warning.

That is why I wanted to ask Toothpick what the price was before proceeding. That said, I apologize on Anthony's behalf, Toothpick. He's been through a lot of mental strain. Really everyone in the Acolytes of the Ash Tree has understandably been feeling strain.
>>
No. 979974 ID: d63ea8

Don't bite, the guy's just fucking with you.
>>
No. 979977 ID: 2bd15b
File 160398533329.jpg - (716.17KB , 1253x1633 , Divergent 12.jpg )
979977

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDQ7hXMLxGc&ab_channel=OMGClanChannel
>>
No. 979978 ID: e51896

Thanks for the clarification. It is always a good idea to get the full picture before jumping to conclusions.

Well Anthony, what is your choice? Do you want to turn your chair back towards Toothpick and listen quietly to the rest of the story... with an open mind of course? Or if you want, we can leave it at that and exit to grab a meal or something?
>>
No. 979990 ID: 5f4030
File 160400321005.png - (5.05MB , 2732x2048 , 4C457DE0-31AD-4433-B2E8-A384CC5CFC8B.png )
979990

>>979977
*Turns back to Mr. Toothpick a sneer on his face*

It’s not a community, it never was a community. I didn’t willingly come here. It’s a death cult. It’s ALWAYS been a death cult. Or have you forgot they are the ones who caused this shit to happen? Have you not looked outside? Seen the people dead and rotting in the streets? The children, somehow immune, crying for their parents? And you have the gall to call this a “community?” There’s already so much pain and suffering. These people try to cover it up with smiles, and their fucking fog, and high ideals. But all I see are murderers and people who’ve become complacent in that fact.

It’s. Disgusting.

So honestly, Mr. Toothpick, you can go ahead and tell me or not, you decide, because in all honesty, I don’t really give a shit.
>>
No. 979992 ID: abb12d

...
...hm... unfortunately, as a moral support, I think it might be safer for everyone if we just left the story like that and not hear the real ending of the story after all, Toothpick. As Anthony's friend, I have worries concerning how he might take the story emotionally and I think it might be better for Anthony and I to just draw our own conclusions and take our leave for a meal to calm ourselves. Besides, as far as stories goes, endings that are open ended where one can interpret and theorize how things ended are far more interesting for analyzing.

Is that alright, Anthony? I'll even let you choose what we will eat, and we can talk peacefully about your concerns, alright?
>>
No. 979997 ID: 5f4030

>>979992
What difference does it make? We can speculate all we want. We can hope for a better ending than what we got. But it doesn’t change the fact of what happened. Denying the truth doesn’t change it.

It is what is and what it will be. I don’t give a shit anymore.
>>
No. 979999 ID: abb12d

Well, to that i say, when one door closes, another opens.
>>
No. 980002 ID: 5f4030

>>97999
Yeah, maybe so. In that case, let’s leave it to chance. Let him pick.

*points at Mr. Toothpick.*

Let him pick.
>>
No. 980003 ID: d63ea8

*Nods approvingly.*
>>
No. 980009 ID: 715a80

Personally, I hate leaving things to chance like having someone pick for us cause like I said, I'm not a gambling man... choosing not to make a choice is still a choice which still has consequences that you'd be responsible for just the same as making a choice. I still stand by my decision in just dropping this.

Inmer thoughts: like when Spikey had Anthony choose which heart to stab as his choice, with either being yes, no, or maybe, with the indecisive "maybe" heart having the immortal heart that Anthony could have stabbed
>>
No. 980012 ID: 5f4030

>>980009
True, but it also places the responsibility on him as well. He now has the imperative choice to act or not. Essentially, its pulling the uno reverse card.
>>
No. 980038 ID: 2bd15b
File 160407126489.jpg - (2.41MB , 3424x2287 , Divergent 13.jpg )
980038

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPOtSknsdXs&ab_channel=Melekinh
>>
No. 980045 ID: e51896

inner thoughts: Toothpick misunderstood, it isn't that I don't want to hear it, it is more of the fact that I don't want Anthony to hear it because I worry about Anthony lashing out emotionally like attacking Toothpick if he listened to this story and it doesn't go the direction Anthony wanted or doing something unpredictable and dangerous like the time he rushed into the prison loudly to see Ana and almost got arrested himself.

Anthony, I request that after the story you you remain calm, keep your opinions to yourself and we can talk about your feelings and put things into perspective afterwards after the meeting with Toothpick, okay?

*is still staying with Anthony*
>>
No. 980049 ID: 734422

Fortune, let me take the reins or just answer as I do. The longer we keep them talking the best chance we have.

“Fine, but kill me and you lose your best bargaining chip with the wolves. I know how to deal with them and their hierarchy. Their Alpha, The Old Wolf, is not a patient man.”
>>
No. 980050 ID: 734422

... I’m betting she knew what to do. Call in a hunch but I think she knows.
>>
No. 980051 ID: 5f4030

>>980049
“Oh also Delilah, I know you probably don’t want to hear it. With little bro gone, it’s best shot you got at power. I get it, and I know you don’t like to be cucked, I mean just look at what you did to poor Dr. Lester...”
>>
No. 980161 ID: e51896

Inner Thoughts: Scarred, I will repeat what you said to them, but I do not think this is going to work. We already know these people will never listen to reason based off of our experience with these people such as Rosalia and that spider kid, and especially since Delilah a long time ago tossed Root down those stairs despite being seen by Derrick and ignoring the consequences. For all we know, they could just think I am lying about my knowledge of the wolves, and even if they believe me, Lorence already knows just about everything about everyone due to him living in countless timelines, so I'm for the most part useless to them.

Well, my ghosts from other time periods said something along the lines of: "Fine, but kill me and you lose your best bargaining chip with the wolves. I know how to deal with them and their hierarchy. Their Alpha, The Old Wolf, is not a patient man.”

and

“Oh also Delilah, I know you probably don’t want to hear it. With little bro gone, it’s best shot you got at power. I get it, and I know you don’t like to be cucked, I mean just look at what you did to poor Dr. Lester...”

But honestly, I know you won't listen to that. So if you don't want to listen to that, then here is what I really want to request: I request to be cremated after death, burn my body to ash so that nobody can bring me back to life into this terrible terrible world because as of now, Hell is looking to be a lot better place to suffer the rest of my existence in than to suffer existing here. And my second request: Beware of the one who calls himself "Happy the Tragedy Phantom." who hides behind the curtains. but whatever, you most likely won't listen to that part.

Inner Thoughts:if your plan of negotiating with them doesn't work, Scarred, and they kill me and hopefully cremate my body as I ask, I want you to find out where they take my ashes, and then tell somebody we can trust to retrieve my ashes, then tell them to find a way to use my ashes to create a new universe. The Mad Creator once said that a universe can be created by using Ana's ashes, and we saw Absurdity create "A place I Go To Fuck Myself" universe for the Mad Creator, and he explained to us that a different Ana and WC changed forms and became part of that new reality. So I want you and somebody to try to create one that is better than this place, alright? Oh, and do not tell ANYBODY about this weird mission I'd like you to go on. Not even our best friends.
>>
No. 980169 ID: 5f4030

>>980161
I’m not leaving you Fortune. I’m with you in this to the end.
>>
No. 980202 ID: d63ea8

Ana seems to habit of surviving impossible situations. Lorence is just going to lose track of her again.
>>
No. 980203 ID: d63ea8

*The presence remains quiet and hides from cultists' sight*
>>
No. 980258 ID: 2bd15b
File 160433958348.jpg - (2.42MB , 3057x2515 , Divergent 14.jpg )
980258

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KVAkjq_Ogw&ab_channel=MasonLindroth-Topic
>>
No. 980265 ID: 5f4030

>>980258
*gets up and walks away from the table to stand by the window.*

Inner thoughts: Ace, I need you help calm me down. My hands are starting to shake. I want him to be lying. I desperately want him to be lying. And I stay at that table I will yell at him, and possibly hit him.
>>
No. 980271 ID: 980f35

My feelings of Delilah is still neutral, like I said, I dont talk or see her all that often to form an opinion.
*goes over to Anthony and puts his hand on Anthony's shoulder for comfort* it is okay to cry. We can talk about this after we are done here, okay?

Seeing as you witness this, Toothpick. What role did you play in the story?
>>
No. 980274 ID: 5f4030

>>980258
No. NO. NO NO NO NO NO!

I REFUSE THIS END. THIS IS NOT HOW IT WILL END. I GIVE ANYTHING TO UNDO ALL THIS! GET UP! GET UP DAMN YOU! I WILL NOT BE CHEATED AGAIN! NEVER AGAIN. GET UP! YOU, PRESCENCE IF YOU’RE GONNA STAY MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL! HELP ME PLEASE!


*try’s to channel anything, any power at all. Calls out to the ash tree, absolution, anyone who can listen. The other Ana’s across infinite cycles.*

CRY OUT IN ONE VOICE SISTERS OF THIS INFINITE CYCLE! WE WILL NOT BE CHEATED! WE WILL NOT GO QUIETLY INTO THE ABYSS! WE ARE MANY! WE ARE INFINITE! WE ARE LEGION! AND WE DEMAND A BETTER LIFE FOR ALL! WE ARE NOT SLAVES AND PAWNS TO CAUSALITY! WE ARE ANA! WE ARE ANA!
>>
No. 980315 ID: d63ea8

You don't know if this guy is just fucking with you again, just to get a reaction. It's only his word that says Ana is dead, and he's been trying to mess with you all night.

The best solution is to ask 'why he telling you this?'

And please don't try to hit him, he's just going to slice open your hands if you try.

>>
No. 980326 ID: d63ea8

Anger.
The desire to live.

Again you offer these under the guise of karmic justice.
Disciple of Marks.

I will take it again, this time.
>>
No. 980327 ID: d63ea8

Ah...
There...
I can feel the fires rising.

*The presence speaks quietly so only the Anas can hear it.*

"You have not been broken,"
"have not been destroyed."

"Seeker of Truth,"
"you have lived through such death,"
"observed it,"
"foreseen it."

"This is not that."

"Be immersed in derealization."
"This has not happened."

"This is not you."

"If the speaker says you die,"
"then puppet the corpse."
>>
No. 980369 ID: 2bd15b
File 160451835547.jpg - (4.10MB , 3284x3866 , Divergent 15.jpg )
980369

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_R6v2oamRM&ab_channel=telemeid
>>
No. 980396 ID: e51896

Delilah killed Clara? Ugh... I can't believe that. Especially now I feel like a jerk when I stated that plot twist about Clara being a mannequin being farfetched since that is what Delilah is doing right now replacing her with a giant doll. I'd like to retract my statement of that plot twist comment. Shoot, and I had a lot of respect for Clara too... I thought Delilah and Clara were best friends... I will need to let this sink in for awhile after this meeting...

Inner thoughts: Well, my opinion of Delilah have definitely changed from neutral to not wanting to be anywhere near her.

Deep breaths, Anthony. Toothpick is certainly risking a lot to tell you this. We can talk about your feelings after the conversation with Toothpick, alright? Just try not to let your emotions control you like when you ran into the prison to meet with Ana. Be the bigger man in this, like your hero Godfrey. It is alright to be upset, but dont let it dictate your actions. Remain calm.
>>
No. 980397 ID: d63ea8

Everyone is at each other's throats. Sure Root was a shit leader, but Lorence can't even stop the members from killing each other.
>>
No. 980401 ID: e40008
File 160460180515.jpg - (1.89MB , 2946x2174 , 57B4CE0A-B7C0-4077-B2B7-467451B6EA30.jpg )
980401

>>980396
*Anthony isn’t listening, silent tears fall down his face.*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aotmZZRDLVI

>>980397
Inner thoughts: Ace, Victoria? It’s getting bad again.

*stares at the giant out the window looking inwards, then at the head of Ana on the bookshelf.*

Inner thougts: Her eyes really were doll-like, weren’t they. You know I get weird thoughts when it’s like this? Like some machine is broadcasting to my head. It’s telling me, “This cycle has grown unstable, the souls of the dead cannot move on, they are forever chained to this limbo. We cannot spin them through the wheel of fate. This already fragile balance cannot hold much longer.”
>>
No. 980405 ID: 2bd15b
File 160460902805.jpg - (453.02KB , 1452x961 , Divergent 16.jpg )
980405

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC5RASBTvy4&ab_channel=PengoSolvent
>>
No. 980406 ID: d63ea8

You need to focus on what is happening right now, forget about Toothpick's stories, or about where everything is heading.

Obviously you can grill Lorence about this later, but you can't let yourself get caught in this rabbit hole again. Just focus on your own thoughts, not someone else's.

>>
No. 980416 ID: 8ad056
File 160462277920.jpg - (2.33MB , 2941x2206 , 4AD47FAA-7E97-44BB-B77B-9ABC444B5E89.jpg )
980416

>>980405
I don’t know. Probably wouldn’t help even if I did.

>>980406
... Did I fail them in the end, Nathaniel? Victoria? Ana? All of them?

I wish I was dead. I want all this pain to end. I want all those who cause it to go away. It’s not fair. There’s no heroes this time.... Not this time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vgjaRfZRuE
>>
No. 980419 ID: d63ea8

No.

You didn't fail them. Some asshole killed them instead. You tried your best to help, and they still got killed.

That isn't on you.

Even if you had the chance of getting in the way, that wouldn't have changed things. All that would've happened is you'd get hurt or even killed alongside them.

So don't take on the burden of what isn't yours.

You're still here despite all that's happened.

You aren't all-powerful, you aren't all-knowing, but you can still act.

>>
No. 980430 ID: e51896

Well, you can't say I didn't warn you Toothpick. It wasnt that I refused to hear the true ending because i didn't want to hear the story, it was more to make sure Anthony's mental health didn't worsen if he heard this story. But for what it is worth, it is better to learn the truth than live a fairytale.

Well, it is for this reason why I stayed with Anthony for this meeting, to help fix him when he breaks like this. So thanks for allowing me to stay. Just give me a moment with Anthony so he can answer your question, Toothpick. I just need to snap him back to reality before gravity drops him hard to the floor, and then we can have spaghetti afterwards, made with my mother's secret recipe... only for those with a tough stomach though, as you could vomit on your sweater if you're not strong willed... okay I'll stop.

Anthony, What was it you and Godfrey and his knights always keep saying? "Have you forgotten the facial features of your dad?" Was that it? Well whatever the case, I think youre forgetting your dad's face.

Failure is only a stepping stone to success. You cant succeed without learning from failure first. If you believe you failed them, then tell me, what did you at least learn from it to better yourself? What can you use that knowledge to gain something?

And you didn't fail everyone. Remember your girlfriend, Cleo? You havent failed her, though she probably will be heartbroken to see you as you are right now if she were here, Anthony. Why dont you work to be successful not for Ana or Victoria, but for Cleo? She puts all her dedication to you, maybe it is time you should work to do the same for her, yeah?
>>
No. 980432 ID: 5f4030

>>980430
*Anthony turns large, bloodshot eyes on Nathaniel*
The saying goes “You have forgotten the face of your father.” It means when you have acted shamefully or dishonored the code of knighthood.

As for working harder, acting, doing the right thing I would like to do that. But what’s the point if everyone is just trying to take as much as they can for themselves? I can give and work harder, but if there’s no return, no promise of making things better, has anything been accomplished?

But are you content with what’s happened? Will you stand or do nothing? What do you intend to do?

Because I see monsters Nathaniel. I know they aren’t there, and they’re only delusional manifestations of what’s probably something like schizophrenia. But they aren’t what scare me the most. The real monsters are the ones all here, everyone who’s let this tragedy happen, everyone who will sacrifice lives for the status quo. Even Godfrey, despite what he stands for, he let a black fog roll across our home, killing innocent people, all so he could play at being a hero.

There are no heroes here, Nathaniel. So what are you going to do?
>>
No. 980435 ID: 2bd15b
File 160467016333.jpg - (1.10MB , 2588x1667 , Divergent 17.jpg )
980435

You are back to being Voices one again, I hope this transition was not a jarring one. So who do you think was the employer of mister Toothpick?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AHCfZTRGiI&ab_channel=JohnnyCashVEVO
>>
No. 980436 ID: e51896

Lorence
>>
No. 980438 ID: d63ea8

Probably Lorence.
>>
No. 980467 ID: e40008

>>980435
One last thing Mr. Toothpick. A bit of philosophy for you to consider.

I do condemn everyone for this. Because they took the easy way, instead of standing for something right. I understand you couldn’t be here without whats happening, but why does anyone have to die, so that you can live? At that point you are only proving what people would think you are as true. And only accepting things as they are only continues to prove that you are no different from those who couldn’t accept you as you are.

I’d rather be a person with honor, and integrity, than be one who surrenders to the will of monsters.
>>
No. 980468 ID: e40008

And yeah it’s Lorence
>>
No. 980469 ID: 2bd15b

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJDgkrtUlTc&ab_channel=cvr

Ding ding ding all of you are correct. It is the paranoid prick himself, Lorence!
>>
No. 980470 ID: e40008

>>980469
woo-hoo.
>>
No. 980471 ID: 18c129

And i know i asked him not to remove his mask, but i suspect toothpick is actually the conductor.
>>
No. 980484 ID: d63ea8

I'm not sure you'll get much of a reception from Toothpick or any of the other members, Anthony.

Root seemed to go out of his way to pick power-hungry madmen, Godfrey just turned out to be a fluke. If you really want to change things, I'm all for it. But just temper your expectations if you think the rest of the cult is going to sign on too.

>>
No. 980534 ID: 2bd15b
File 160476506712.jpg - (1.03MB , 3292x1100 , Divergent 18.jpg )
980534

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCpq2VZfWpY&ab_channel=TechnomancyStudios

Interesting theory about the conductor.
>>
No. 980535 ID: e51896

*is hiding under the table to not be spotted by Toothpick*

*puts her finger over her mouth to signal to Scarred to be quiet and hide with her*
>>
No. 980538 ID: d63ea8

*The presence reaches a hand into its mouth and pulls out a [Fragment of Scarred Ana's Rage] before pressing it between its palms.*

"...IN ONE VOICE SISTERS OF THIS INFINITE CYCLE! WE-"

Fragment of Scarred Ana's Rage crushed.
>>
No. 980539 ID: d63ea8

*The presence silently joins Fortune Ana under the table.*
>>
No. 980543 ID: f3eb46

>>980535
*is more sulking under the table*
>>
No. 980626 ID: 2bd15b
File 160485911089.jpg - (2.91MB , 3318x2708 , Divergent 19.jpg )
980626

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-a1SPnhYic&ab_channel=BackLotMusic
>>
No. 980627 ID: 5f4030

>>980626
*low mumbling*
We DID help you escape, jackass. We watched you and even told you what to do when Root first showed up to try and help you. I wish now we’d left you to rot.

As for who’s helping us, none of your fucking business. You’ll probably just kill them to or get them killed
*Scarred stares daggers at Fortune at this*
>>
No. 980629 ID: d63ea8

*The presence slips out from beneath the table and ducks behind Lorence's chair.*

*Peeking out at Toothpick the presence covers its right 'eye' with one hand and its mouth with the other, before hiding behind the back of Lorence's chair again.*
>>
No. 980632 ID: e51896

The only thing I wish to know right now is who erased our memories for this cycle before we met Ana? I feel if we did not have our memories erased somehow, we would have seen the big picture of everything, but somebody erased our memories and used that to manipulate us into making the choices we made to lead Ana to death. This is all Happy's fault, forcing and manipulating us to be the worst voices in all of the cycles... I feel Happy is manipulating Lorence just as he was manipulating us...

So we are an unwilling alley to Happy if Lorence wants to know who is an alley that is still alive.
>>
No. 980633 ID: e51896

Oh, and he put us in a situation where we were forced to kill Essence in order to keep her from controlling Ana and have her kill everyone in this universe, so, yeah...
>>
No. 980635 ID: e51896

Lastly, we didn't even want to come here. Some invisible force keeps bringing us to different locations against our will, it isn't like we fly anywhere we want, it just happens. I feel that is another thing Happy is doing...
>>
No. 980640 ID: d63ea8

*Still behind Lorence's chair, the presence points at Toothpick and then points to the table before withdrawing the arm.*
>>
No. 980746 ID: 2bd15b
File 160503552533.jpg - (4.50MB , 3508x3833 , Divergent 20.jpg )
980746

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj3p9CI9QGE&ab_channel=JavierBaiget
>>
No. 980747 ID: 5f4030

>>980746
Yeah, sure why not....
>>
No. 980751 ID: d63ea8

Ah...

So we had never left.
This presence had never been filled.
Nor did it ever leave the nothingness.

All that is around was a mere phantasm.

Almighty voice, great striped beast,
why give such delusions of pleasure.

It makes the broken emptiness all the more hollowing.

Was there even a Disciple or a Seeker?
Or even the Renegade?

Or were they just more false imagery to a cruel joke.

No...

This empty presence will not fall for such a slight again.

Take away this false 'ending,' I will not be part of it.
>>
No. 980830 ID: e51896

I want to consult the mirror totem (hidden things we missed) or the shrimp mother totem (additional things to what we saw) before doing anything else if that is still possible... preferably i pick mirror totem to see hidden things we missed unless scarred wants to use the shrimp mother totem to see additional stuff.
>>
No. 980838 ID: 2bd15b
File 160511439177.jpg - (1.36MB , 3140x1484 , Divergent 21.jpg )
980838

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tqQf_rSmS4&ab_channel=AlbirdVampPrince
>>
No. 980845 ID: d63ea8

Oh great striped beast,
you offer undeserving praise to this empty presence.

For it lacks a brain or a will.
What exists when everything has been stripped away?
Most answer 'nothing'.

I exist in an effort to prove that I exist.

That this empty presence is more than just an echo,
repeating its words again and again.

But you offer a riddle, almighty voice?

I will consume it.
>>
No. 980846 ID: d63ea8

It is bitter and coy.

Already I feel the taste fleeing from memory,
but you are powerful, almighty voice.

And it seems that you will still keep us for your games.

But as for your answer, let me regurgitate one.

"Little exists that is different between the foliage of the sky and that of the earth."

"Save one."

"The branches drink in light."

"While the roots drink in darkness."

>>
No. 980847 ID: 5f4030

>>980846
Heh.

Took the words right out of my mouth (pun not intended) I was thinking the exact same thing.
>>
No. 980851 ID: d63ea8

>>980847
That is unsurprising.

As you may yet well be a illusion
conjured by the striped beast.

Or perhaps a fictitious invention of starved
consciousness.

Those 'offerings' merely a self-diluted attempt at make believe.

Perhaps this is all a lie that I am still telling myself...
>>
No. 980853 ID: 5f4030

>>980851
... Well first off, fuck you, I’m not an illusion, I’m actually here. And secondly, I don’t trust this thing either. Whatever it is it took Ana away and played both her and Fortune like fools. Bottom line, I trust nothing that comes from this living hentai scene.
>>
No. 980857 ID: 708614

My answer was different

Roots grow to be anchored to stay

Branches grow to leave

Get it? Stay and leave? Leave and leaf?
>>
No. 980861 ID: 5f4030

>>980857
Badum-tss
>>
No. 980864 ID: d63ea8

>>980857
Perhaps the madness has set in.
>>
No. 980881 ID: 2bd15b
File 160519232685.jpg - (1.86MB , 2884x2275 , Divergent 22.jpg )
980881

The mysterious voice that Lorence was interested in that Mister Toothpick heard and which you Door said I use as the voice of the remains of the spirit parasite queen. But this doesn't mean that you Door, will get to control this character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPOtSknsdXs&ab_channel=Melekinh
>>
No. 980883 ID: d63ea8

So it seems we move from shell to shell.

Though almighty voice,
you are ever the deceiver.

Perhaps this is not the 'proper ending,'
but instead a way to pilfer it.

But this presence,
even filled,
lacks the mind to discern truth from falsehood.

For something had stolen its voice,
or maybe this presence did not speak at all.

But if by some small chance,
all that occurred is real,
and the 'others' who spoke truly existed...

Then...

Seeker of Truth,
use the gifts granted to you,
and guide this foolish presence.
>>
No. 980884 ID: 9dda6a

>>980881
That’s just great, our only way out is to make another deal with the devil. Fortune, you screwed us last time. This time I’m the one making this choice.

I remember you bug. You offered the same deal to Anthony in the broken timeline. Turns out though that was a bad deal because his soul was essentially held hostage by you. What happens if we do the same? We’re held hostage by you? You get revenge? Well, I have bad news for you, this body doesn’t belong to us either, we’re holding it until it’s rightful owner comes back or we find her. So what happens, you bind with her body and you get even? We’re pretty much responsible for you even being like this. Hell, I even remember fighting you, and you laughed at the futility of us.

Everything you’ve done, thus far, only shows you as a villain. Is this your shot at redemption? Your last chance? You want this? You gotta make me a promise. First That you’re going to help us, we’re a package deal, you want this body? We go with it. Second, as soon as we find Ana from wherever the hentai monster took her, *glares at fortune* you’re out. You find a new body and you piss off.

That may sound like it’s asking for a lot but I’m not being unreasonable. As a sign of good faith I’ll even tell you how to save your species. Take a pinch of this body’s ashes before you bind, take it to someone called the mad creator, he’ll make a new universe for your kind.

Answer my questions first, or we have no deal at all. I’ll throw in the save you species thing for free.
>>
No. 981182 ID: e51896

So much that we have in common... All your children were killed and all my allies were killed, you were being killed by the cult just as I was killed by the cult, you have had Essence and her underlings betray you, and I have had many allies betray me, and because Essence betrayed you, it means you and I have a common antagonist: Happy and his colleagues, and the cult, and Absolution Prime for playing a part for making this world as it is now, and just as you are a spirit parasite, people see us as thought parasites...

just as you have that deal for me, I have one for you too... I let myself be burned to crisp on purpose because I heard my ashes can be used to create a new universe, and knowing that since there were no other options for me, the only goal I had left after losing everything was to just let myself become ash and hope the voices would guide somebody to take my ashes and find out clues as to how to create a new world with my ashes. But seeing you here and knowing that your species travel to different universes because your species used up you home universe's and all of the other universes' resources you visit until you ended up in this cruel world, maybe now my goal to create a new universe has purpose, to give your species a new home to thrive in... asking the mad creator won't help since he is captured by the dimensional tribunal's men, but I'm sure we can find clues in this world somehow.

if you're interested I will accept you, but I must know, if we become one, will we be able to keep my ashes for this mission, or will I lose those ashes? because if the latter, this body might have to be sacrificed when the time comes unless we can get another Ana's ashes that the tribunal has as evidence, and I don't know if my voices would like my body being sacrificed if we don't achieve their goals first...

>>
No. 981205 ID: c5de9f

>>981182
*is looking at Fortune, now Charred, in a state of something close to shock.*

By the gods...
>>
No. 981233 ID: d63ea8

Perhaps this was your plan,
oh almighty voice.

To bait and betray.

For the Seeker and her gifts are gone.

Now a vengeful husk is what remains.
>>
No. 981328 ID: 2bd15b
File 160574397288.jpg - (2.68MB , 3256x2155 , Divergent 24.jpg )
981328

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY25iEZ3zkM&ab_channel=BlastingCompany-Topic
>>
No. 981335 ID: 5f4030

>>981328
...

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. I say we accept. But the moment Ana returns you stay with, fortun- Charred. This body belongs to Ana.
>>
No. 981385 ID: d63ea8

Nonono.

Precious Ana,
former Ana,
you have lost enough.

These are lies.

Lost mind,
lost spirit-

Fragment of [???] Deception dissolves.
>>
No. 981387 ID: d63ea8

The nothingness remains.

More can be given.
More can be taken.

The Renegade of Body learned this.

But without sight or thought,
is anything real?

What has been lost?
This empty presence wonders if such bindings,
would anchor what is left.

Would the skin be returned?
Or will it just be sold,
and the spirit would be cast out.

This presence has nothing,
but the parasite would feed on that.

Former Seer...
Persist.
Resist.

Do not be bought and sold into half-life.
>>
No. 981394 ID: c5de9f

>>981387
Something to consider for moment if you will. Fortune, the seer, as you call her, isn’t gone. But she is dying here. She can’t even control the body anymore. When we fought against her, it’s because she was controlling dead bodies that had no say in their autonomy. She was in control. What would happen if the two merged into one being? Neither side fighting for control but working together to bring about a new form of life? It’s why I’m not necessarily against this.

After all... I’m a being like that.

Neither Ana, nor Desolation. I’m a union of opposites.
>>
No. 981396 ID: d63ea8

The body is ash and cinder,
but it is not what the parasite wants,
Disciple of Marks.

It wishes to partake of spirit.

And by your agreement,
you sew the seed of conflict.

For it is not true union you offer,
Disciple of Marks,
but a lease.

And a parasite will burrow in,
then refuse to be removed.

It...

This presence forgets...
but there was...
was...
something else...

...

It is gone.
>>
No. 981397 ID: c5de9f

>>981396
Presence, echo, revenant.

“Lease” is a good term for what I’m asking. The queen may join her spirit, but it only becomes a conflict if the two sides are already in conflict. If the two sides willingly join together, what do you think happens.

I’ve studied different forms of magic, and theres an idea in old alchemy which is called “the perfect being.” It’s one of the key ideas in creating the philosophers stone. The idea being that the “divine” is neither good, nor evil, but something in between. Two opposites, but they are together, a union of opposites. Think of what makes a god divine, they are of the spirit, but are also of the earth. It’s why I’m not necessarily against them joining.

By joining two opposites... maybe they will achieve a new form of divinity.
>>
No. 981406 ID: d63ea8

No,
no...

The Disciple cannot hear,
words are fumbling,
failing.

It does not ask if the two can be joined,
but un-joined.

The parasite,
it will feed,
corrupt,
then subvert.

It only takes.

Only to know,
what it knows.

This presence fading,
the Disciple and Seer,
do not hear it.

Grim words,
grim bargains.

More can be lost.
More will be lost.
>>
No. 981408 ID: c5de9f

>>981406
I hear you. I hear you well. You’re words are true. But I’m hoping one last gamble will win us the day.

But ultimately, it’s not our choice...
>>
No. 981943 ID: e51896

>Creating your own world is going to attract attention from the dimensional tribunal... I strongly suggest not pursuing this idea

The world creation mission I am adamant to pursue is already a suicide mission that I have long accepted... because one of the key ingredients required for this to work is my ashes, requiring to burn myself to death. Thus, death will await me whether I sacrifice myself in order to succeed in this mission, or fail and die by the tribunal's hand or anyone else... this will be a world I will create but never live in, rule, or destroy... therefore I have nothing to hold me back.
If all the endings I am destined to have are dead ends, then I want my dead end to have purpose. Just promise me we'll all keep quiet for as long as we can about this mission.

>If we combine our two strengths we can make those who made us suffer pay. Starting from Lorence and with Happy the one behind it all

While Lorence did kill me, I have no interest in wasting time getting revenge on Lorence thus risk jeopardizing my goals if I want to keep it secret from them. And sadly, I feel keeping Lorence alive is the best course of action, for if he dies, he will not be able to keep Absolution Prime in check with his vast knowledge and importations of technology in future cycles, thus making way for a hive mind humanity scenario with Absolution Prime's minions... besides, Lorence already has a bunch on his plate to deal with right now, making him distracted enough to take all his attention away from us... not to mention that I believe Happy is also manipulating him like he manipulated us... If we go after the cult, it is just going to put the attention back on me too quickly and make my world creating venture needlessly difficult...
...but I suppose revenge is something you and Scarred really really want to accomplish.

Happy however I'd be more okay with going up against, I feel he manipulated and tricked Lorence into getting into the mindset of killing me and pretty much manipulated everyone to the point where he was the one who assigned everyone as either heroes or villains. That being said, however, while revenge is not my main goal, if I am put in a position where I have to defend myself, I will not hesitate to fight for my life.

That is my stance on my goals, and my opinions of Lorence. I'm ready share this body. *Reaches out to Spirit Parasite* one last thing, I've seen you take sacrifices before, eating the dead bodies of other humans... I suppose that after this merge you will want to go on to eat Clara's dead body in order to regain your strength... I'll reluctantly allow it for it might be for the best in case someone tries to revive her and learns about what I want to accomplish from her...

>>
No. 981974 ID: 2bd15b
File 160625556550.jpg - (2.43MB , 3084x2843 , Divergent 25.jpg )
981974

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyjIHNYhpTA&ab_channel=Noir-XenomorphicTendencies
>>
No. 981976 ID: e51896

Yeah, sure.

There is a lot of work to be done if we want to achieve a new world, but we'll have to start by finding a hideout first.

*looks over at Clara's body*

should We do something about Clara's dead body first, queen? I feel leaving her there will cause issues down the road. If there is one thing I learned based off of Flint, Felafaf, and others that has "died", it is to never leave the body, they could come back with vengeance... probably find a replacement for my dead body and Clara if somebody does come back as well.

>>
No. 981977 ID: 0dedc5

>>981976
Hey here’s an idea of what you should do. Disguise yourself first.
>>
No. 981987 ID: d63ea8

*The presence covers it's mouth with both hands and does not say anything.*
>>
No. 982007 ID: 5f4030

>>981987
I wonder.... we’re both astral beings....

You okay big guy?

*attempts to hug The Presence*
>>
No. 982076 ID: d63ea8

*The presences shakes it's head, but does not move away.*
>>
No. 982078 ID: 5f4030

>>982076
We’re gonna be okay. I promise.

*hugs the presence*
>>
No. 982080 ID: d63ea8

*The presence whispers through its fingers.*

"It cannot be undone now..."

"Now all things will perish..."

"This presence cannot let itself be filled with such 'gifts.'"

>>
No. 982084 ID: 2bd15b
File 160634042457.jpg - (2.38MB , 3508x1944 , Divergent 26.jpg )
982084

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ylq3EJJVhlA&ab_channel=Cavador
>>
No. 982085 ID: e51896

Crooked evaluation
>>
No. 982089 ID: d63ea8

Totally Angels
>>
No. 982092 ID: 5f4030

>>982089
Totally angels
>>
No. 982093 ID: 5f4030

>>982084
*Watches in discomfort, still hugging Presence*

Just remember our deal. When we find Ana, she keeps the body.
>>
No. 982162 ID: 2bd15b
File 160641467081.jpg - (1.89MB , 3460x1821 , BB 550.jpg )
982162

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pONBu3n68FA&ab_channel=Flubber11USA

I have something that I want to discuss with you about the quest. In the discussion thread.
>>
No. 982173 ID: d63ea8

*The presence pushes away from Scarred Ana.*

"It was as this presence said..."
"The almighty voice echoes its words."
"The form has been cut away and destroyed."

"There is no more 'Ana' now,"
"Only the parasite."

"It will not hold your interests,"
"Nor your pact."

"Now you,"
"Disciple of Marks,"
"and you,"
"Memorial of Pain..."

"Without form you will drift."

"Forced to be pulled behind the desires of a parasite."
"..."
"And I behind you..."

"..."

"Warnings ignored..."


*The presence moves its hands to also cover its eyes.*
>>
No. 982180 ID: 5f4030

>>982173
And what other choice did we have!? And are you going to take the word of this... THING??? This is the thing that took Ana to begin with? THIS FUCKING WALKING HENTAI JOKE THAT SPOUTS SHITTY RIDDLES. By the way dick head, a good riddle has to make sense and have an answer that when in the right context needs to make sense. What you just told isn’t a riddle, it’s a shitty parable with an attempt at a moral philosophy.

As for you, Presence, I don’t know how else to explain this. The parasite is bound to Fortune or Charred or whoever, not the body. If this thing wanted (which it doesn’t) it could just give Ana back and she could swap her out. Spirit Parasites are literal souls twisted and mutated, many of them are just clones of a hive mind. It latched on to Anthony when we fought it and when Anthony tried to free himself by doing a new ash tree ritual and binding his soul to the trunk of the ash tree, the parasite went with him.

THE BODY. IS JUST. THE HOST. THE PARASITE IS WITH THE SOUL. Wait how do I know this?

So Fortune/Charred or whatever is the spirit parasite queen and the Spirit Parasite Queen is now Fortune/Charred. Speaking of which, we’re talking about you now, I know you’re hear with us. Anything to say??? Or am I just gonna have to keep carrying us because I’m the only one who has any hope for us? That we can make it!

AND YOU! HENTAI BOY! JUST WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM?!
>>
No. 982546 ID: 2bd15b
File 160677462232.jpg - (1.13MB , 1206x2047 , Divergent 27.jpg )
982546

I have to admit I was a little bit deceitful with the title screen because this wasn't the original name for this part of the chapter, not to mention that there is no going to be any crucifying, burning nor angels. I simply combine two other franchises to create this new title. So I have a question, so what do you think this chapter is going to be about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W9v9GxwgCM&ab_channel=PointsofData
>>
No. 982676 ID: 2bd15b
File 160692988452.jpg - (4.01MB , 3508x3388 , Divergent 28.jpg )
982676

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXA7pW1WqsM&ab_channel=ReelBigFish-Topic
>>
No. 982677 ID: 5f4030

>>982676
Hold up. You might get away with Rosaliné, she has a heart in her chest. Lorence though, I’m willing to bet his heart isn’t in his chest, he’s that paranoid. And from what I’m hearing they’re taking about Boxy and the kids. Which means they got them. I want to hear a little more. If we do go for them, make it clean and quick. Better yet, they’re both immortal, if we want to keep them alive, cut off their heads. Immortals can live without a body as long as their hearts are in tact.
>>
No. 982684 ID: d63ea8

*The presence is still covering its face and whispers so quietly that it is barely audible.*

He knows...
He is there and there again.
Speaking of times past,
and repeating.

He knows we are here.
We have attacked and not known it.

His words are a display to us,
as much as the spider...

Do not let him see.

Again he will fight,
and survive,
and grow older.

He cannot be surprised.


*The presence shudders and curls up.*

He knows...
He knows...

>>
No. 982703 ID: 5f4030

>>982684
*rolls eyes*
Well don’t jinx us. By the way, love your enthusiasm, way to be a team player.

If he has seen us or knows, chances are he’ll do something after tea. He probably doesn’t know we’re a threat yet. Otherwise he would have done something by now.
>>
No. 982705 ID: d63ea8

*The presence shudders.*
He knows...
His words offer warning.

With the anchor here he will not act,
fearing its damage.

But if the parasite attacks he will sever himself.
He will be gone and then back.
And he will know...
He always knows...


*The presence tries to curl up more tightly.*
Forgo these thoughts,
they play into his hand.

He cannot be allowed to see.

This form is too weak to survive his gaze.

...

Disciple of Marks,
what are you trying to find?

This steely vengeance can only be traded for a gloried death.

>>
No. 982707 ID: 2094a0

>>982705
I'm trying to find hope Presence. I'd rather avoid killing if we can. I honestly don't want to kill Madame Rosaline if we can help it. Lorence, I'm much more reserved about, I won't mourn him. I'm prepared to do what has to be done. I want to get our people, and get out of here.

And by the gods of light and darkness Presence. Grow a spine.
>>
No. 982710 ID: d63ea8

*The presence shudders again, shaking its head.*
No...
Hiding here,
watching...

There is no hope to be found...
not here...

These are old battles,
Disciple of Marks,
battles he's won.

Battles he will continue to win.
He has fought you countlessly...
and survives to fight you another time.

He is there and there again.

He knows you are here,
and is ready.

He knows...
He knows...

>>
No. 982711 ID: 2094a0

>>982710
*Looks between Lorence and the Presence*
...
You two have a past don’t you? Hey, look at me. Don’t look at him, look at me.

He doesn’t see you. He won’t, as long as you’re with us, you’re gonna be okay. Alright, I know you can see us and even feel us at times.

I have your back now, okay? I promise he won’t get you and he won’t get us. I’m right here, okay buddy? I’m here.
>>
No. 982714 ID: d63ea8

*The presence keeps its face covered.*
This presence has nothing.
Is nothing...
for nothing is all that remains...

Do not let him see.

He is a tree that towers above the highest peak.

Only getting older and wiser,
as he overshadows the shoots of mere seedlings.

Do not let him see.
Do not let him learn.

This presence cannot bear it.

You are here and he is there again,
but you have lost to him.

And he knows...
He knows...

>>
No. 982715 ID: 0dedc5

>>982714
Presence, we only lose if we give up.

And we have beaten him before. He’s not invincible. Much as he likes to imagine. He can be beat, but I need your help to do it. It was a small victory but we helped a young woman and saved her life from his wrath by helping her prove her innocence. Do you understand? I need you to help us, and to not give up. I know your scared, and afraid, you’ve got to have fear to have courage. And I know you can be courageous.

Get up. Uncover your eyes, hold my hand if you need it. I’m here we’ll get through this.
>>
No. 982850 ID: e51896

(Charred's thoughts):
>>982676
>But with you, it feels if I say goodbye to you I will never see you the same way when we meet again. That notion scares me and I don’t know how to feel about it.

{Charred's thoughts): Hmm… What Lorence said reminds me of when Anthony drew a picture of Rosalia infected by a spirit parasite… is it possible to fulfill that prophecy, Queen, perhaps somehow infect her mind and make her one of our soldiers?

(Charred's Thoughts): Thank you for your opinions, Scarred and Presence... I have taken heavy considerations by what you both said, and now I would like to state my thoughts...

(Charred's Thoughts): As far as the homeless boxhead, and one of their members 93 is concerned, I hate to tell you this but Boxhead was most likely killed by the cult after they found Rosalia's children. 93 might be dead too, but there could be a chance she at least survived, but might have to face a trial for helping us. Her fate is unclear... It was said that anyone that was our companion was killed by them except for Logan. what is interesting though is that they did not mention Clarence, the man who became a doll. There could be a chance that he left the group after finding out we got kidnapped and went to look for us.

(Charred's Thoughts): As it stands, while it looks like we could act on your animal instincts and kill them now, queen, I remember how Null had blindly went in attacking during our battle with Essence, and ended up as a puddle as a result of not seeing the bigger picture of what was happening, and I do not want to end up like him. the full picture here is that there are things you are not seeing that could be very bad for us if we attack now. Lorence has invisible colleagues watching over this tea party with Rosalia, such as curators like the Conductor or the shopkeeper. Even if we do manage to kill them now, the curators will see what we would do and report it to the higher ups, making us lose our advantage of being hidden as we try to gather power for awhile by revealing ourselves too soon. And even if that wasn't the case, I know that Lorence has vast knowledge and experience from living through trillions of cycles, so he is most likely prepared for a possible sneak attack at any moment.

(Charred's Thoughts): For instance, you should know that Lorence has a bomb inside his body that is set to activate in the event that he is backed in a corner and is about to face immediate death like if he gets captured by the blind will for example. As a last resort, he will activate that bomb to kill both him, and his attacker.

(Charred's Thoughts): So if you believe your revenge is to die for and you want to explode in a fiery blaze of glory, be my guest. I will just become a voice spirit again, and find somebody else to guide to find my body and continue my mission to create a universe.

(Charred's Thoughts): Or, we can take this alternative: we wait until Lorence leaves the tea party, and Rosalia is all alone. Once they are separated, we will sneakingly terminate Rosalia, and then do either these three things:

(Charred's Thoughts): [small]first option: We leave Rosalia's dead body and let somebody find it so that they can accuse Lorence of killing her as he was the last person seen with her. Lorence is already starting to be seen as suspicious, so killing Rosalia, and making it look like Lorence killed her in the crime scene will make him become more of a pariah in the eyes of the cult. Make him suffer the same fate we did when his people made us an outcast to the world.


(Charred's Thoughts): second option: We kill and consume Rosalia to gather more strength like we did with Clara. We still need to get stronger so that I can continue my goal of creating a new world without issues... or gather strength if we want to go up against Happy and his army I guess...

(Charred's Thoughts): Third option: I was inspired by Anthony's drawing of Rosalia infected by a spirit parasite. If it is possible to infect her and her mind to make her one of us, perhaps that could be another option. If we are not strong enough, we can take her body and hide it with us until we get the ability to do that. despite our strength, we will still need soldiers to serve us after all so we don't get overwhelmed...

(Charred's Thoughts): That is what I'm thinking our action should be. Wait for Lorence to leave, and then strike Rosalia. I know Scarred is not a fan of killing Rosalia, but the fact is while she says she wants to do things for the betterment of mankind, the truth is she doesn't care about humanity. If she did want to do things for the betterment of mankind, she would have seen the humanity of Ana sparing Rosalia's life and healing her when she was dying, but instead she tried to kill us immediately afterwards. If she cared about humanity, she would not have abandoned her children and took responsibility of taking care of them herself instead of dumping them on someone else. Even her children hate her for that... And even if we didn't kill Rosalia, she is aging very rapidly and won't be long for this world anyway due to having her DNA spliced with spider DNA... her soul will have more purpose if we take her down and do one of those three options than if she were to die within the next year or two of old aging... I'm sorry, maybe it is the fact that my mind is fused with the queen that I'm thinking such sadistic thoughts, but I have no sympathy for Rosalia and her actions...

(Charred's Thoughts): But there is one sure thing I want to do before we do anything, Queen... I remember that we were able to see Felafaf the fortune teller's giant tarot cards next to people a while ago that let us see their fates. While we wait for Lorence to leave Rosalia alone, I want to see if we can see what Lorence's and Rosalia's tarot cards look like, to see if I still have that ability. That way we can get a better idea on what fortune people are heading towards and figure out how we can act accordingly.

(Charred's Thoughts): what are your thoughts on my plans, Queen, Scarred, Presence?
>>
No. 982852 ID: 5f4030

>>982850
Not a bad plan all things considered. Although I would prefer to question Rosaliné first to figure out what she knows about 93 and Boxy first. If they are dead... well we won’t have to worry about them. If they aren’t we need to save them. They were willing to help us, we need to do the same for them. Then maybe, but if we turn them we need to make sure they are kept in line. If they go off turning others, we won’t be able to control that after a while. Don’t forget part of it is also making the person accept the parasite. I’m not really sure what would happen if the host rejects them.
>>
No. 982853 ID: e51896

>>982852
>Don’t forget part of it is also making the person accept the parasite. I’m not really sure what would happen if the host rejects them.

(Charred's thoughts): hmm, last I saw Casper as the bringer of nightmare Ana's universe we left behind was dying, he got infected... I wonder if he accepted being a host now that I think about it judging from what we saw from how he looked... we should consider the possibility that version of Casper might be hiding somewhere in this world and be on the lookout for him.
>>
No. 982854 ID: d63ea8

*The presence shudders.*
Destroying the anchor will ensure that he leaves this place,
or seeks revenge.
Would you commit to the actions that befell you?
Face the consequences he would sew?

>>
No. 982946 ID: 2bd15b
File 160735388570.jpg - (3.00MB , 3508x2212 , Divergent 29.jpg )
982946

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-wOnCgx_i0&ab_channel=foreverkirby
>>
No. 982949 ID: c97156

what is even the point in telling you anything, Lorence? You're just going to kill me regardless of anything I say for the simple crime of existing, and seeing me only as a monster like everyone else in the multiverse, so there is no point in saying anything

*tries again to see Lorence's tarot card*
>>
No. 982950 ID: d63ea8

*The presence hides behind the tree to avoid Lorence's gaze.*
>>
No. 982958 ID: 5f4030

>>982946
> Be informed your inner thoughts are really loud

Wait, can you hear us?
>>
No. 983053 ID: 2bd15b
File 160743830447.jpg - (2.69MB , 3508x2161 , Divergent 30.jpg )
983053

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXFYndJ7zUU&ab_channel=CarlosViola-Topic
>>
No. 983058 ID: e51896

If my suspicions are correct, Lorence is also having a lot of issues with Happy the Tragedy Phantom, a far worse threat than anything else right now... if Lorence was able to take us out this easily, imagine what Happy could do since he is playing this universe and its inhabitants like a puppet show right now. Think it might be best to just swallow our pride and take the offer?
>>
No. 983059 ID: e51896

*looks over at Rosalia*
And what does Rosalia think of all this?
>>
No. 983070 ID: d63ea8

*The presence remains hidden.*
>>
No. 983143 ID: 0dedc5

>>983053
Fuck it, we don’t really have much option. Let’s at least hear him out. Maybe we can even be a saboteur and do the opposite of whatever he wants, just to fuck with him. That sounds fun.
>>
No. 983188 ID: 2bd15b
File 160753729795.jpg - (4.23MB , 3508x3257 , Divergent 31.jpg )
983188

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyL3nQ1jpLY&ab_channel=MaxieDaMan
>>
No. 983190 ID: d63ea8

*The presence flinches when the Spirit Parasite impales Lorence.*
"..."

"St-"

"stop..."


*The presence starts to curl up again.*

"..."

*The presence covers its face.*
>>
No. 983192 ID: 5f4030

>>983190
*hugs presence*
...
Yeah sure, tell him to pick his poison, which one of us does he want to talk with? Me or Charred?
>>
No. 983447 ID: e51896

to answer your question, Queen, I think Lorence wants us to join because he realizes now that his plans have mainly been foiled by Happy the Tragedy Phantom and not us this whole time, just like how you and we were foiled by Happy. Lorence knows it will be impossible to stop Happy without teaming up despite being "enemies".

I'm here Lorence. I'm not sure you can hear me, but I'm sure Toothpick can and is able to speak for me. Current mental state is numb. Not glad, not mad, not sad, just numb. I have no control over this creature, otherwise I would have used this second life to leave you alone and try to achieve my own goals without interfering with your wars and not have anyone bothering me as long as I can. I don't think I'd care when you inevitably escape from this and gain the advantage over the queen, because really, as someone told me I'm just a leaf drifting in the wind and can only observe.

The most I can do is try to get answers, like asking you this: You and other cult members keep saying that it was our fault for all the turmoil we had suffered for confronting you guys in the first place. But in reality, you guys confronted us first. At the bus stop, Betty, one of the cult members in a Halloween pumpkin mask, was tasked to push us and slip in a paper of instructions with the Carpenter observing to make sure we get it.
the instructions stated "If you want to learn how to breathe and survive, draw the ash tree symbol and place it above you head before going to sleep. Don't get washed up in the shores with the impatient, my little fishy. Fight for your life in this time of death and mediocrity."
But doing that turned out to be a trap. We were baited to summon the ash tree but we were told the way we summoned it was how the ash tree acolytes would assassinate their targets at long range in a very torturous fashion. We were also offered a mask by the person who organized that when we escaped that torture, but we refused as it would kill the person giving us that mask.
Even if we did not want to confront you after all that, I'm sure you guys would continue to go after us even if we tried to mind our own business, so of course we had to fight for our lives. If we never got that paper, our confrontation against you all might not have ever happened...

What I want to know is, who was the person that tried to assassinate us at that time when we did nothing to harm anyone? who gave the Carpenter and Betty that order to send us those instructions to try to kill us? I feel whoever is responsible for that might lead us to the culprit who have been manipulating all of us from the beginning...

>>
No. 983495 ID: 2bd15b
File 160786567746.jpg - (3.75MB , 3508x2789 , Divergent 32.jpg )
983495

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfWHX3vkVxk&ab_channel=GilvaSunner
>>
No. 983501 ID: d63ea8

*The presence shakes its head, but says nothing.*
>>
No. 983514 ID: 5f4030

He wants to be allies.... after all the shit he put us through? After everything he put everyone around us into?

...

Part of me wants to laugh, but I’m more disgusted by that. Too little, too late.

Jackass
>>
No. 983674 ID: 2bd15b
File 160805922191.jpg - (3.11MB , 3508x2622 , Divergent 33.jpg )
983674

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2DFu7oWit0&ab_channel=CherChannelHD
>>
No. 983722 ID: d63ea8

*The presence reaches a hand towards Rosalia before drawing it back towards its mouth.*

*It swallows.*
>>
No. 983723 ID: d63ea8

*The presence grabs Charred Queen's arm and tries to pull it back, in an attempt to remove her blade from Lorence.*
>>
No. 983761 ID: 5f4030

>>983674
Hold up. We’re at a disadvantage. Woody boy over there can hear me. Anything we plot he’ll know.

We could probably take her. If we wanted, hell even move Lorence in the way of her attack. That would be hilarious. But I wanna know more. I’m especially interested in you Woody, you must have a type of connection to the ash tree then if you can hear me. What’s up?
>>
No. 983769 ID: b0b286

This is a split decision action. Where you should choose whether to attack or to back off, as every decision there will be unforeseen consequences. So choose what is the best thing to perform, it is do or die time but most importantly remember to have fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buYrBbwyCGE&ab_channel=ScissorSisters-Topic
>>
No. 985847 ID: bcb0c0
File 161089581121.jpg - (3.38MB , 3508x2760 , Divergent 34.jpg )
985847

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqnDQqEEXOE&ab_channel=GameSND
>>
No. 985855 ID: d63ea8

*The presence tries to exert itself further, but stumbles back, losing grip of Charred Queen's arm.*
>>
No. 985856 ID: d63ea8

Fragment of Rosalia's Anger expended.
>>
No. 985857 ID: d63ea8

*The presence quietly scrambles behind Mr. Toothpick, trying to avoid Lorence's gaze.*

*It whispers:*
"He does not know..."
"For this is the first time he's done it."
"His actions have killed the Seeker of Truth."
"Now only ashes remain..."

"..."

"Please..."
"Do not speak of me."
"I do not want to be annihilated as well..."

>>
No. 985867 ID: 5f4030

>>985857
*squeezes The presence’s hand*

It’s gonna be okay.

In all honesty I agree with what she said. Mostly because all I hear out of Lorence is just pure hypocrisy. He locks us in jail, would have us killed and set on fire and then we’re forced to make another deal all together to even get a shot at keeping on. And the “real” Ana might as well be rearranging deck chairs on the titanic because some hentai monster has her. So fuck yourself Lorence, you are an evil man. Know why? Because evil is a weed, it always starts out small, and it’s watered by anger, sorrow, paranoia, and good intentions. It grows through small acts of everyday cruelty. And you have let it grow to astronomical size. Fuck you Lorence. Fuck. You.
>>
No. 985970 ID: e51896

I'm not amused that both of you, Lorence and Parasite Queen, are putting words in my mouth and telling each other what I am truly thinking like it is fact... in all honesty, each and every one of you here had made us suffer greatly at least once which gives me no reason to feel any remorse or regret towards what might happen to anyone here next.

But, I made my decision, a deserving decision which will most likely make everyone here angered with me: First, I will spare you, Lorence, for these reasons...

Andrew Goodwill once gave us an offer to either kill you, or a few other cult members for whatever reason which we did not accept... it implies that you're expendable, worthless, or a hindrance to him... and Essence even once gave us the opportunity to kill you by offering us to give Ambassador's servant the order to kill you which we didn't take... and I feel keeping you alive is something that Essence and Andrew doesn't want which could spoil their plans. And I definitely do not want to follow whatever Essence wants us to do

Plus, I would also be betraying a good friend of mine if I did try to kill you... your girlfriend... I don't want to make her upset...

But most importantly, I find that death is too good for you. I come to terms that suffering by living in this world is a fate far worse than death, and judging by how every single person I met here had tried to hurt me at lease once physically or mentally, I conclude that each and every one of us here deserves to be punished for our behavior by living here in this hellhole of a world.

That said, yes, I said I will release and spare you... BUT don't think your release is going to be that easy and without suffering... Let it be known that I am on nobody's side and will be a more neutral presence from this point on, So... consider this a vibe check...

Scarred, this one is for you to blow off some steam...


*Charred first raises Lorence upwards as high as she can with her blades, and then slams him as hard as she can against the tea table releasing him off her blade with the intention of breaking the table, and maybe a few broken bones against Lorence.*
>>
No. 985978 ID: 612369

>>985970
Ohhhhh... sweet, sweet catharsis.
>>
No. 985986 ID: bcb0c0
File 161111062651.jpg - (5.91MB , 3508x4609 , Divergent 35.jpg )
985986

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdTGTe2NAXA&ab_channel=kenzie
>>
No. 985994 ID: 1800ae

>>985986
Who? You mean the spooks in the incel fedoras that follow you around like a bunch of puppies? Let me guess, their all people who were with my time. I remember seeing Connor there, and Mackabee the sniper when you tried to get Root back and failed. Can’t imagine they’re very loyal to you, not those two anyway. If anyone was like bad puppies it was them.
>>
No. 986013 ID: d63ea8

*The presence shudders, and then whispers to Mr. Toothpick:*
"Thank you."

"..."

"You are correct."
"This presence should not be given care."


*The presence carefully creeps towards Lorence's puppet, trying to examine it further.*
>>
No. 986147 ID: e51896

Queen, in my opinion, I think we should just take the medicine. Lorence holds all the cards here, and you kind of did this to yourself with wanting to charge in to attack right away without even knowing your enemy instead of being patient and hide in the shadows waiting for more opportune moments to make your moves and learn and get stronger by secretly eating other dead bodies we find. And even if we did kill this puppet Rosaline and Toothpick like you wanted, this Lorence was a fake and the real Lorence would just send people to go after us again. Plus as far as I know, Happy, the person who fucked with us is also fucking with Lorence. We might need to swallow our pride in order to get all the help we can get to get your revenge on Happy for what he did to you, and Ana. We can't do this alone...

inner thoughts: besides, if your worried about your species dying out, there is a chance that Casper from the alternate timeline you infected with your offspring could have escaped that universe before it vanished. Hold onto that hope. More impossible things has happened before

after all, parasite or not, you'd have to be a very cruel person, or a very naive person to want to bring more offsprings into this world to suffer the hellhole it had beco-

*just remembered that Scarred and Rosaline had/has offsprings*

err... well... That isn't to say Rosaline...? and Scarred are bad parents... Never mind.

Rosaline, I'd appreciate it if you'd show at least a tiny little bit of respect for sparing Lorence even if it was a puppet... I mean, we did spare your life and the lives of your children, and you've showed no appreciation towards being given a second chance for being revived by us when you were dying, and a third chance for not being punished on having your children killed by us... but I guess that is the spider instinct in you have that might be preventing you from feeling human appreciation... who knows, who cares. Maybe it is because you lost your humanity and human emotions and gave into your monstrous spider instincts, so I can't fault you for acting as a sociopath... But I wonder what feelings you would feel if I told you that... Flint is still alive...

Lorence, I'm personally for taking the medicine, but I want to hear what the others' opinion on it first before we take it. I don't want to make my friends angry again for forcing them into a choice they don't want.

Until then, I suppose I should warn you this: you should know there are right now two Felafafs running around. One of those Felafafs are from an alternate time and had joined the person responsible for messing with us, the same guy the tribunal is after. I'll just say that if you ever come across Felafaf again in the future, be very careful, there could be a chance it could be the alternate universe's Felafaf trying to fulfill our enemy's needs even if she doesn't want to cause you harm.
And also, you don't have to like the investigation team, but it would be beneficial if you at least showed a little bit of cooperation with them as they are hunting down the person responsible for ruining your plans and our plans. As much as we may hate your guts, I honestly do not believe you are the person they are after.

>>
No. 986149 ID: 583e24

>>986147
No offense.

Hey also just a thought, if you do take the medicine. I’m assuming it’s mostly done through science yeah? Kind of like how the spirit parasites were made? Do think it’s possible that we can, I don’t know, reverse engineer a cure for it? I mean if this will sterilize the queen isn’t it possible we can find a way to undo that? Especially if it’s a chemical compound, it’s not like getting your tubes tied or a vasectomy where physically can’t have kids anymore. I’m betting there’s a way we can reverse this. At most, consider this a temporary set back. If we ever find the lab where you guys came from, I bet we can reverse this.
>>
No. 986193 ID: bcb0c0
File 161151250790.jpg - (4.42MB , 3508x3139 , Divergent 36.jpg )
986193

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ohwqd8obot4&ab_channel=Kyonne25
>>
No. 986195 ID: 5f4030

>>986193
Keep the names of the honored dead out of your wretched mouth, monster.

And as for you Rosaliné, I hate you the most out of all of them. Possibly even more than I hate Lorence. I understand not wanting to have kids, but not even taking any responsibility for them, and speaking about them like trash. You disgust me most of all.

You’re all horrible people. As for you cat-face looking guy, I don’t know you well enough to know you. But... hmm. You can hear us, and you aren’t wearing the sign of the ash tree. That means you are either actually a child, or you’re somehow immune...
*Looks between toothpick and Rosaliné.*

Hmm. Well, I still don’t hate you. Despite everything, if you are who I think you are. I just hope you’ll be okay.
>>
No. 986291 ID: e51896

Before we do something that we might regret, the way I see it, you fear the blind will more than anything else, more than the person trying to sabotage you like he sabotaged us... you fear the Blind Will so much that you do many highly questionable things in order to prevent them from taking over...

In that case, Lorence, let me ask a question to both you, and the queen: The Blind Will is known for turning people into empty husks of themselves, turning them into their slaves to Absolution's hive mind, and on some occasions creating a monster made to act as a beacon to control everyone on the planet's mind. So with that in mind, what if you couldn't afford to have us take that medicine to sterilize the queen? what if instead would happen if the Spirit Parasite's offspring were to infect people who had lost their senses and became a mind slave to Absolution Prime? do you think the spirit parasites would be able to take back control of their senses in some way? and hell, if that beacon monster does arrive, what would happen if we as the charred queen take control of that monster or infect him?

Do you think this would be worth a shot? You've already done many terrible and risky things already, Lorence, to stop the Blind Will with the ends justifying the means in your mind. So would allowing us not to take the medicine and form an alliance be just another ends to justify the means on? I'm sure you've done far riskier or worse things than letting a spirit parasite live with their ability to reproduce... right? You have to do things out of your comfort zone and take risky moves to get the gold.

>>
No. 986309 ID: d63ea8

*The presence creeps even closer to Lorence's puppet, keeping outside of it's field of view and trying to peer into it's wounds.*
"What is inside?"
>>
No. 986314 ID: 612369

>>986291
Ooooooh, shit. Called out, son.
>>
No. 986332 ID: bcb0c0
File 161170165124.jpg - (2.69MB , 2770x2574 , Divergent 37.jpg )
986332

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_8o4si2A5w&ab_channel=GuitarSmash
>>
No. 986334 ID: 612369

>>986332
I know, Robert. I know.

Whispers: It's not my call to make but itf you say no, just for shits and giggles and because she deserves it, inject it into Rosaline. Cuz fuck her, and fuck these people.
>>
No. 986395 ID: d63ea8

*The presence sneaks up right behind Lorence.*
"..."

*It tries to examine the puppet even more closely.*
>>
No. 986738 ID: e51896

inner thhoughts: Sorry, Scarred... I can't inject that medicine into Rosaline, and even if I wanted to, since you said that plan out loud, Toothpick heard you and won't let me do it.

inner thoughts: Wicker Kid told me that there is no good outcome for us anymore... but the fact the Lorence implied that there has never been an instance where a spirit parasite had infected somebody who lost all their senses means that this could be a path that has never been explored before. Things might get worse, but I kind of lost my purpose when Ana was killed anyway...

If the spirit parasites infect the blind will, or anybody that had their senses removed by the blind will to be controlled by them, and absolution prime decides to keep whatever result comes out of that if it turns out to be monsterous, in the long run, wouldn't he be held accountable by the tribunal instead of you Lorence?

That said, I really don't think the tribunal's team would allow you to let me stay and could still get you in huge trouble even if the queen and I become sterile. It might be for your safety if we did not join you especially since you are arrested...

and besides, after all the betrayals I've faced by everyone, like Robert or Rosaline, or that FBI woman trying to kill us immediately after saving their lives, it is almost impossible for me to trust others anymore. For instance, I know this medicine is not what you say it is. Because... why in the world would you happen to have this medicine that can sterilize spirit parasites in your possession when it was clear that seeing the queen and I as a spirit parasite was the very last thing you expected to see? It makes no sense.

Not to mention, why would it matter if I took that medicine or not if you guys are already doing something illegal in the Tribunal's eyes which is trying to release Andrew Goodwill?

It would probably be better to live with this disease if the side effects from the medicine are far worse that the symptoms from the disease I have. I learned that lesson from a story I heard.

I'll do what I can to help you stop the blind will in my own way, even if you decide to hunt me down. I don't really care because I lost my purpose and no longer fear death. That said, I hope you get out of the tribunal's clutches soon, Lorence.


*escapes by digging underground*
>>
No. 986810 ID: bcb0c0
File 161231615330.jpg - (4.64MB , 3508x4037 , Divergent 38.jpg )
986810

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5ftUa4dhw4&ab_channel=ZapitoS3
>>
No. 986813 ID: d63ea8

Yes.
That is it.

This empty presence now sees.

The Striped Beast,
Only it can navigate the void.

But it is not the puppeteer,
It is the string.

So he is not here,
He cannot see.

We are safe,
For now.
>>
No. 986815 ID: d63ea8

*The presence notices Mr. Toothpick.*

No.

*The presence reaches for Roseline but then quickly withdraws its hand.*

No.
Can't.
Infested now.

*It then turns to Charred Queen.*
This empty presence has nothing to express.
...
Leech,
That one-

*The presence points to Mr. Toothpick*
-had offered the faintest drops of kindness.

Release them.
>>
No. 986822 ID: 583e24

>>986815
Please do.
>>
No. 986826 ID: 71201a

*without saying anything or thinking of anything, Charred destroys the head of puppet Lorence as much as she can, making sure that Lorence loses connection and cant see or hear anything that happens next before she decides to speak again*
>>
No. 986863 ID: 612369

>>986826
If you would, I want to try and save Toothpick. I'm not sure what can be done now, but I'd like to at least try.


I hope it's not Robert...
>>
No. 986939 ID: bcb0c0
File 161246432050.jpg - (3.72MB , 3508x2612 , Divergent 39.jpg )
986939

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO97OjtLsBA&ab_channel=Shark_
>>
No. 986945 ID: acbe67

>>986939
Eat her or turn her, I don’t care. I only have one request. I want to see Toothpicks face.
>>
No. 986948 ID: d63ea8

*The presence freezes.*
Ah, it's gone now.

The tether between mortal and spirit now severed.

...

Warnings had been given,
Had been ignored.

...


*It turns towards Charred Queen.*
Memorial of Pain...
This is what the Leech will do to all.
>>
No. 986949 ID: 612369

>>986948
Unless one of us can control her wrath. She said "Other-half" if they are in sync with each other, then maybe there's a chance...
>>
No. 987239 ID: e51896

huh... unreasonable animal... complete monster for lashing out when all he just wanted to have a conversation with me? But wasn't lashing out something you yourself also did when Ana wanted to have a conversation with you after she revived you, Rosaline? Maybe its because of moments like you did that made me what I've become... maybe if you'd show restraint after Ana spared your life, I would reconsider doing all this...

I personally don't want to join the the Blind Will like the Queen wants... I hate Absolution Prime for killing my friend's offspring. I'm more interested in trying to save the people the Blind Will tries to control when they take away all their senses. Anybody who falls prey to the Blind Will I will try to infect with more spirit parasites so the parasites can act as the people's new senses through them and hopefully restore their minds back to normal... think of us like... a permanent leech sucking out the poison the blind will puts into people...


*grabs the tea kettle and pours it on the blood on her bone blade to clean it off*

I am actually helping Lorence a great deal by doing this even if it doesn't look like it... That man refuses any change that deviates from the same path he sets this universe towards in every cycle that he never helps the acolytes of the ash tree succeeds, even going as far as self sabotaging the acolytes if it looks like they are winning I'm sure... Why else would he not have been able to succeed in the trillions of cycles he lived through? This is for his own good to save him from his insanity of doing things over and over again expecting a different result...

That said, I'm truly sorry for what I'm about to do next, I need as much strength as I can if I'm going to help you all go against the Blind Will, and I don't trust you enough to spare you after what you did to Ana... your actions have consequences after all... but I'm sure you'll see my side of the story when you and I share the same mind after you are consumed, Rosaline. But if it is any consolation, please take good care of Clara for me when you wake up and see her again... she could use a friend right now...


*Hits Rosaline over the head with the tea kettle as hard as she can in order to knock her unconscious and then proceeds to do what the Queen asked her to do*

When I'm done here, Queen, lets remove Toothpick's mask like Scarred wanted... but also, lets keep a close eye on his detached limbs, I don't want any of them to sneak attack us, or inject us with that syringe you dropped... this world is crazy like that...
>>
No. 987344 ID: bcb0c0
File 161277623948.jpg - (2.09MB , 3508x1660 , Divergent 40.jpg )
987344

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwOWm-kiJ3s&ab_channel=mario
>>
No. 987353 ID: 5f4030

>>987344
Hmm. Well you’re not Robert so for calling you such I apologize. I actually think I know what you are. We met a puppet once who turned out to be a friend who died in the fog and was turned into one of them. Could be something like that. As for letting him go, I don’t care. I’d rather most people live. But you are right, I’m willing to accept what needs to be done.
>>
No. 987366 ID: d63ea8

*The presence peers closer at the wooden head.*
...another puppet?
No...

There is a spirit within.


*It turns to Charred Queen.*
"This presence begs that you release it."

"Do not forget what your were before..."
"Memorial of Pain..."


*Extending its hands the presence tries to take the wooden head.*
>>
No. 988086 ID: e51896

thoughts: Queen, I believe one of his amputated arms has that missing drug hiding somewhere, waiting to inject us if we don't do as he says, which is why it was probably a wiser decision to not eat Rosalia. there were so many times we've turned our back on the enemy before we met, and then they pull a nasty surprise on us after thinking we defeated them. It is a good thing we checked out toothpick when we did first before we decided to swallow rosalia. The important thing I learned all this time is to not get too greedy

Yeah, I'll return you to your body toothpick, but in return, don't drug me with that needle. I believe that infecting the blind will's mind slaves would be the only way to save them since it never happened before in any other cycle, and I want to see if it would work... and following Lorence's route will just lead to the same outcome as all the other timelines he's been in without achieving anything, not even his own goals just like all the other times he's been through this. I'll even tell you this: one of the reasons I can't join Lorence because the robot he is using is not to be trusted, and he seems to be willing to use them despite the person who probably sent that robot to him is trying to sabotage him and spy on him with it, just like us. Pretty much the same kind of robot you showed to Lorence earlier. I did Lorence a favor by destroying that robot so none of us will be spied on, not even Lorence.

If you can tell me any idea of who supplied Lorence with that robot, It would really help everyone, but if not, at least do me a favor and keep a very close eye on it, even if it is for your employer's sake...

And one more thing, will you grant me permission to eat Rosaline, Toothpick, without you drugging me? You right now hold all the cards right now. consuming Rosaline's energy will help queen get stronger to deal with the blind will for Lorence, and everyone else living in this world...

or maybe how would you feel about joining us instead of Lorence? I'm sure you've seen this timeline play out the same way over and over again, maybe you'd want to see something different?

>>
No. 988089 ID: 2f1e7c

>>988086
Why not just break the needle?
>>
No. 988090 ID: e51896

>Why not just break the needle?
Don't know where it is... If Toothpick has it and break it for us, he can show that he is serious about wanting a temporary truce...
>>
No. 988191 ID: 612369

>>988090
You asked to eat Rosaline out loud, color me surprised if he actually agrees to a truce. Speaking from experience, asking to eat someone isn't the best way to form negotiations. And I think the needle feel on the ground over by Lorence's puppet.
>>
No. 988209 ID: bcb0c0
File 161343017865.jpg - (6.62MB , 3508x4961 , Divergent 41.jpg )
988209

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j1UtnDPHZw&ab_channel=ManofTheMinute
>>
No. 988211 ID: 2f1e7c

>>988209
To be honest toothpick, I don’t care what you do. And I certainly don’t care if Rosaliné lives or dies. Sorry not sorry. What I’m more interested in is why you don’t want us to know who you are. That’s the only thing that really interests me. Your actual identity, is unimportant. I don’t really care if you join us or not. I hope we can at least be allies if not friends if you do.
>>
No. 988217 ID: bcb0c0
File 161343678212.jpg - (550.35KB , 989x1407 , Divergent 42.jpg )
988217

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaH_EvlDbK4&ab_channel=jayragu

What is currently going through the head of Lorence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM88KhLw0oA&ab_channel=sukkarbomb
>>
No. 988224 ID: d63ea8

"This empty presence begged for that they would be released."
"Not caged."

"Do not let the leech corrupt you more than it already has..."

"..."

"Memorial of Pain..."
"Has everything else truly burnt away..?"
"Is there nothing left of the Seeker of Truth?"

"..."

"That nothingness will tear away at you..."

"This presence has walked that path."
>>
No. 988225 ID: d63ea8

>>988224
((This is a vote for choice B.))
>>
No. 988233 ID: 2f1e7c

>>988217
Quit getting mad. It never did me any good.
>>
No. 988250 ID: bcb0c0
File 161346768765.jpg - (392.10KB , 1620x487 , Divergent 43.jpg )
988250

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwOya18u8_Q&ab_channel=spuncky
>>
No. 988251 ID: 5f4030

Jesus Christ, calm down. Can I be frank here? I’m just gonna be super honest here and realistic.

Toothpick, Charred Queen. I don’t like any of this, I don’t care about spying for anyone, I don’t want to be anyone’s spy. I don’t even really like you Charred Queen, as far as I’m concerned, I’m just along for this ride, and you are a placeholder for Ana. We saved you cuz it was the only option left, and an option between life an death isn’t an option at all. I’ll give you points for fucking over Lorence cuz, fuck him and his stupid fedora. I give no fucks about this, hell I don’t really even care who you are Toothpick, either tell us who you are and why we should care or don’t if I don’t even understand why we should care? Why the hell would I care about who you are, if I don’t even have context for this temper tantrum. Honestly, this is just a farce.
>>
No. 988313 ID: e51896

(Going for A)
>>
No. 988492 ID: bcb0c0
File 161372918183.jpg - (4.33MB , 3508x4151 , Divergent 44.jpg )
988492

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YFUVIMTlSg&ab_channel=D-MetalStars-Topic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B68MmRUF-T8&ab_channel=CalebHyles
>>
No. 988496 ID: e51896

*still remains silent, waits until she is addressed*
>>
No. 988499 ID: d63ea8

"Renegade of Body!"

No, this is Ana, she is Ana.
This presence was blind...
But she was not,
She saw us before and does so now.
Yes...
Of course, the eye...

Those connections now fall,
into the grasp of this empty presence.

Perhaps that was why...
Even disguised this 'Toothpick' drew our attention.


But precious Ana,
Living Ana.
Has not offered the presence the chance to offer words.
It will remain in silence...

*The presence covers its mouth with its hands.*
>>
No. 988520 ID: 612369

>>988492
*stares and then suddenly a feeling like leaping forward to embrace her in relief*

You're here. You're alive. Thank goodness.

*sniffles* I'm not Ana, I'm not even disappointed at you. I'm just sad. And I'm sorry it's gotten to this. My whole goal was to find you, and I'm so glad you're alive. I'm just sorry I couldn't be the person you needed me to be. I'm also sorry to say this isn't the first time we've been here, and last time, I unknowingly destroyed a whole timeline in order to bring you back. I don't think I'll be able to pull that off this time, and I don't know if I could do it again even if I knew how.

I don't blame you, I'm just sad you see this as your only option. Because...

Heh.

Ana, my whole purpose was to see you grow and be better than I was, I wanted to keep you safe, see you be something better than me. I failed at almost every turn. You ask me to move on with my existence, but my existence was tied to this. It's all I had left. You were the last thing I could hold on to, Fortune has become something else that I can't help, and I've lost everything that I was trying to protect and help. Knowing you are alive is enough for me now.

If this what you choose... Then I choose oblivion. What else is there for me?

It's a beautiful moon out. I'm glad I got see it again.

*Scarred goes away.*
>>
No. 988521 ID: 612369

>>988520
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQJCi4RVFZ8

Scarred is dead. If she is really needed she will come back, maybe. But honestly, and I ask this of Absurdity. Honestly, what is there for her anymore? What is the point of her? Her character arc can't be fulfilled, this is the only thing left. Fuck it. Give me a reason to bring her back and we'll see until then, fuck it, she's dead.
>>
No. 988586 ID: bcb0c0
File 161382034619.jpg - (1.56MB , 2852x2191 , Divergent 45.jpg )
988586

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaeRXppkzdA&ab_channel=CaravanPalace
>>
No. 988751 ID: e51896

...can I have a cigarette too? never had the opportunity to have one for so long as a voice... thanks.

...

The sky is nice. I wish I never have to go back into the fog again... Ana, If I'd known you were Toothpick, I probably would have took Lorence's offer no matter what, but... as usual, I can only make dumb decisions and it is probably too late now. It probably would have been super awkward for you if I did join though, so maybe it might have been for the best...

I am sorry for hurting and traumatizing you with the choices we asked you to take. In the end, I switched places with you because I no longer had any trust in our own abilities to guide others after hurting you and others so much. I felt that switch was the only way I could save you from ourselves. and seeing Happy kill you after I made that decision to switch with you made me lose all faith in my abilities.

But I am so glad you survived after all, even if it confuses me as to how you survived. I kind of wish I knew how you survived that explosion. and, I want you to know that I am actually proud of you, I'm in no way disappointed. Really, the only thing I wanted you to do was make decisions on your own, and now that you are finally doing that and living a better life with your decisions than if you followed our decisions, I can rest easier now. this timeline is your life to live. Not mine, not Scarred's, not Essence's, it is yours. Please do not try to live up to our expectations, and don't feel guilty for your actions. You have no reason to listen to us. Really, I want you to make your own goals and live your own life to the best of your abilities.

Do not worry, I am not going to reveal your secret, and I am not going to try to take down everything you've worked hard to construct. If you're going to kill me right here to ensure your secret, it'll be a sacrifice I will be willing to take to make sure you can live you life to it's fullest, I'm honestly not sure what goal to achieve right now anyway. I only request that if you do plan to sacrifice me, I request you burn me to a pile of ash, and then, find out how to use my ashes to create a new world, to create something amazing out of something so cruel. I'm told An Ana's ashes can be used to create a new universe, maybe you can fulfill that request during your own journey.

But I do have one concern... are you okay? it seems you had grown more of those thorns on you in addition to those horns you grew the last I saw you. Do you want to talk about it?

>>
No. 988920 ID: d63ea8

This presence too would accept any offers of a cigarette.
But it may just fall through this empty form...

*The presence extends a hand out.*

"But how..?"

This Ana,
Precious Ana,
Changed Ana.

How did she escape the nothingness?

"How did you become this 'Mr. Toothpick.'"

"I have nothing to offer in return save curiosity."
>>
No. 989116 ID: bcb0c0
File 161426189224.jpg - (3.84MB , 3508x3366 , BB 587.jpg )
989116

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2UUFFMGcgY&ab_channel=%E3%83%99%E3%82%A2%E3%83%BB%E3%82%AD%E3%83%AA%E3%83%BC
>>
No. 989117 ID: d63ea8

I am of nothing.
A speck in the darkness.
This empty presence only holds the voice it is given.
Perhaps your voice, perhaps another's.

But I will give silence,
These questions were given to the Memorial of Pain,
Not me.

*The presence places its hands back over its mouth and watches quietly.*
>>
No. 989320 ID: e51896

Your guess is as good as mine as to who it is or what it wants, An-Toothpick. Everything it said it is I'm learning about just as you are.

And I do not think I can trust it either... So many people had betrayed us in the past that after I saw Godfrey kill you, it was pretty much the last straw that made me lose all faith and hope in humanity and couldn't trust anyone ever again, believing that that entire world hated us... but honestly, at this point, I'm not entirely sure what there is for this presence to betray me with... looking at where we are now and thinking back about what I wanted out of this adventure, I think my personal main goal was to try to get you to make your own decisions, Toothpick, to live your life without following any of our influences as this is your cycle to live, not ours. And looking back, I think I had actually achieved that goal when I saved you from us voices by cutting ties with each other so you wouldn't have to be hurt by our suggestions anymore...

When you were taken away from us by Happy after the deal, I thought I had failed everything when I thought he blew up your soul which is why I came back to life as a spirit parasite as I had nothing left to strive for, and didn't care about consequences anymore, just live in autopilot with a vengeful spirit parasite wanting to destroy humanity for what it has done to us. But seeing you alive, and living your life and making choices all on your own has given me a sense of relief, and I realize now that I had accomplished my main goal this whole time, not failed.

that isn't something that a lot of people are able to do in this world, to accomplish their goal, So with that in mind, I do not know what this presence can betray me on at this point if I already accomplished what I set out to do. But it has been keeping me sane in a sense... in a way, I like to pretend that maybe this presence is our innocence that we had lost after Godfrey killed you, even if I know that theory isn't true. I think this because it has been making pleas to me to not kill, and do the right thing, and their pleas to not kill Rosaline was a driving force that made me stall for time and made me knock her unconscious instead of killing her, so in a way, I pretend it is the innocence I lost that separated from me and took my place as a voice to guide me from doing anything bad... I think you have it to thank for preventing me from killing Rosaline back there...

*sighs and quietly hums the song "Two Birds" to herself, then stops when she gets an idea of a topic to ask Ana*

You know, Toothpick, when one accomplishes their main goal, I feel there is a sense of not having any more purpose in life to live for because we dedicated our life to do everything we can to reach our goal that when we actually do achieve it, you realize you got nothing left to live for. I guess it is true as they say, "the chase is better than the catch". Maybe that's why Lorence lives through this cycle so many times, because he feels he'll lose his purpose in life if he ever does achieve his goal, or leaves this world behind, and wants to keep that purpose for as long as he can so he can feel alive...

...

I'm actually curious to know... and no, it isn't a question as to how you escaped from that pocket dimension Happy kidnapped you to when we separated, it is more of a hypothetical question I have for you... So when we made that deal with that tentacle monster, which I think I'll call "Narrator" at this point, the original deal was that you and I would switch places where I would take your place as the Ana of this cycle while you would be my voice guiding me. But when Happy kidnapped you, that deal never happened and it had looked like we got scammed, with the narrator making me feel guilty claiming I had killed you by making that deal... (not saying that the deal was bad, it actually turned out really good in the end as you are now living your life away from us, which is what I wanted this whole time).
With that in mind, my hypothetical is this: if that deal actually went through, and you were my voice at this very moment, what will you have me do or say right here? What goal would you want be to strive to accomplish for in my life? Don't worry, I won't judge, there are no wrong answers... or right answers... just answers... not answering is also a valid choice.

>>
No. 989321 ID: d63ea8

*The presence looks from Charred Ana to "Toothpick," hands still over its mouth.*
>>
No. 989518 ID: bcb0c0
File 161455799426.jpg - (4.56MB , 3256x3839 , Divergent 46.jpg )
989518

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k53NGe64RBU&ab_channel=JEM
>>
No. 989523 ID: e51896

You seem uncomfortable by what Toothpick said, queen... Are you sure you still want to go through with your plans for revenge? If not, maybe perhaps we can go with my goal to create a universe with me as I originally suggested, maybe one in which your future generations or your species can live in peace in? Granted, it'll be a lot harder to achieve since you gave away our position to Lorence, but you already said you'd rather live a short and eventful life than a long hollow one... I know creating a new universe probably purposeless and doesn't effect this universe in any way, but it would be a venture to pursue nonetheless...

Anyway, I guess the only other thing I am curious to see in our future is something that the Wicker Kid said to us (https://questden.org/kusaba/graveyard/res/929115.html#947707)... he said that every version of us Anas has the same outcome, which is ending up in a position where we have to decide what we want to do with the fog, as previous Anas from other cycles had before

I'm wondering that since there are now two Anas running around in this particular cycle, which one of us is going to make the decision? you or me? ... will it be both of us ending up making a choice? and what if we both make a different choice when we reach that outcome? And what is even that choice we have to make... I guess those are things we have to deal with at some point whether we want to or not...

>>
No. 989554 ID: f3eb46

FUCK ME, SHUT UP! Gods damn, you all make it really hard to try and meditate around here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm0YmRHdyz4

>>989518
Fuck that. Let them get angry. They don’t deserve happiness and they don’t deserve to win.

>>989523
As I’ve tried to tell you for how long now? There is no point in running and trying to survive. Surviving isn’t living. how long have I tried drill that through your thick ass skull, dumbass?

Yes I am angry, yes I am tired, yes I am sad and disappointed in your choices Ana. I have fought through hell and back to try and find you, because I never stopped believing in you, I still haven’t stopped. Because I know you can come back and be greater than this. Because I don’t want you to settle for “best options.” Because if you do, you WILL end up here with us. If that’s the best you can hope for, then Christ on a pony you might as well stop living all together.

Both of you are like one massive self pity party. And when it comes does to it the only thing you want to do is run and hide.

Shame on you, shame on you. Well I for one am not willing to die here, or give up on you both. It was stupid of me to even try.

I don’t care what they think they, how big or scary they think they are. They are just bullies and I’m more tired of seeing you both cower in their faces. I’m not giving up. Because the thing with them is they need to keep winning, where as we if we want to stop them, only need to win once. I for one and not willing to die here. And I’m not ever going to stop fighting them. If you want to be a part of that, that’s up to you. Because really your only choices left are get busy living or get busy dying.

I’m going to fight them. I’m not going to stop fighting them. I’ll fight them for you both if I have to. And you can either join me or you can stop trying.

Because that’s what heroes motherfucking do.
>>
No. 989560 ID: 5f4030
File 161459096712.png - (9.86MB , 2048x2732 , 7FC41BC6-E8F7-4668-A30F-996BA84D7F21.png )
989560

>>989554
And if you think I am alone in this, Charred, Ana...

You are wrong. We will not be ignored. We want our freedom, we will fight for US. We will stand if you will not. You who would take the path of least resistance. We will not be silent.

We will not bow before the whims of false gods and demons. We choose to stand as one.
>>
No. 989576 ID: d63ea8

*The presence uncovers its mouth.*
I believe this is the yelling you were expecting,
Precious Ana,
Embattled Ana.

If you are willing to offer this empty presence a fragment of your response...
Then it may be able to provide a defense against the Disciple,
and the supposed shadows that follow her as well.
>>
No. 989577 ID: d63ea8

Or...
This presence can offer you a mote of silence.
It is as abundant and the nothingness within this form.

The choice is yours and yours alone.
Precious Ana,
Defiant Ana.
>>
No. 989583 ID: 2f1e7c

They’re not shadows. They’re every single voice of Ana. All of them.

It’s something I noticed after our fight with Essence. They disappeared for a long time. They even stood for her once upon a time. But after she died, I knew they were there, like they had suddenly reappeared. So I talked to them. Every single one.

And let me stop you before you even have something to say Presence. Do you remember when you cowered in front of Lorence, afraid to even speak? It’s for that reason I’m willing to fight, for people like you who think they shouldn’t have a voice or can’t stand up against their fears. I don’t know what kind of relationship you and Lorence had, but I’m willing to fight for you and everyone else who can’t because we deserve better than to live like mice.
>>
No. 989589 ID: d63ea8

*The presence tilts its head slightly, and then looks to "Toothpick."*
The choice is yours and yours alone.
Precious Ana,
True Ana.
>>
No. 989597 ID: 612369

>>989589
Pick whatever you want, I don't care anymore, if you don't, why should I?
>>
No. 989599 ID: d63ea8

*The presence tilts its head the other way and looks over at Scarred.*
That offer was not given to you,
Disciple of Marks.

*It then looks back at "Toothpick".*
>>
No. 989600 ID: 612369

>>989599
I'm not asking for an offer, Presence. Ana will do what she will. But I know what I'm doing. And I will keep on trying to make this world better, with out without her. I want her to be a part of it. But it's her choice. If she doesn't care enough to want this, then so be it.

If she doesn't care enough to take a stand, then I won't ask again.
>>
No. 989714 ID: bcb0c0
File 161471762185.jpg - (5.67MB , 3508x4459 , Divergent 47.jpg )
989714

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciL7OKWSu10&ab_channel=OfficialTF2Wiki
>>
No. 989727 ID: 612369

>>989714
Oh no you DON'T.

You don't proclaim yourself a hero and then kill the ones you protect.

SISTERS. WHAT DO WE DO?

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

DEATH TO TYRANTS.

F O R W A R D. M E R G E. A S O N E. S A V E H E R. M E R G E. O N E B E I N G. M E R G E. T R U E A N A. E V O L V E. A S O N E. M E R G E.

You want to be a hero? YOU GOT IT! AND EVERYTHING THAT GOES WITH IT!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDaOgu2CQtI
>>
No. 989729 ID: 612369

>>989727
Also, what was your plan here exactly? We're thousands of feet in the air above the fog. At this height, we're gonna die. No using Ana to break our fall, we're dead either way. So... Yeah, you just played yourself.

Save her or die. Your choice, but a choice between living and dying, ain't a choice.
>>
No. 989735 ID: d63ea8

*The presence lowers a hand from its mouth and offers it to Ana.*
Things are repeating,
Again and again.

The Disciple will scream.
The Memorial will shudder.

And the world will hurt.

Ignore the Shades,
Ignore the Leech.
They do not control your life.


*It looks to Charred Queen and back to Ana.*
Precious Ana,
Wounded Ana...


*The presence drifts a little closer.*
Do you wish to be away from this?
Do you wish for quiet?

>>
No. 989738 ID: 2f1e7c

>>989735
You are markedly unhelpful right now bud.

It take approximately 12 seconds of falling to reach terminal velocity. We’re maybe, what two, maybe three thousand feet in the air? In that time we will hit that terminal free fall speed and then it’s not gonna matter who picks what, we’re all gonna die. Our only option at this rate is to save Ana. I’d say we’ve got a few... seconds maybe before we start falling?

Tally-ho lads.
>>
No. 989743 ID: d63ea8

*The presence takes its other hand and grasps at the air before bringing it to its mouth.*

*It swallows.*

*The presence then reaches into its mouth with the same hand and pulls out a [Fragment of Scarred Ana's Hostility].*
"You are markedly unhelpful right now..."

Fragment of Scarred Ana's Hostility evaporates.

*It then turns back to Ana, hand still extended.*
>>
No. 989880 ID: e51896

be a hero... It's not what I want to do... but it is what everyone wants... and I'm the only person around who doesn't... alright... I'll do it...

Ana, the queen and I are acting in a dr jekyll and mr. hyde mentality. I'm the Jekyll part, your former voice, and I'm right now trying to prevent the queen from doing anything with your heart, but I don't know for how long I can hold her and how long I have control.

As much as I don't really want to be a hero, I'll teach you one important thing about being a hero: sacrifice. to do everything you can to save someone's life even if it means trading one's own life to save another, even if it amounts to nothing, or you lose your life trying. And right now, it is time I be that hero... your hero Ana.

My final request to you, Ana: use all your remaining strength to use AJ's flame magic to burn me, and save your heart. the Queen is resilient, I can't just drop down, she will survive it despite being injured. Your fire can burn people with its fire not going out until the target is completely dead no matter how resilient they are.

And After I burn to a pile of ashes, I only want you to live. I don't care if you want to follow Scarred's path to be a hero, or my path to create a new world, or live your life as Mr. Toothpick, I only want you to live through this cycle with your own choices with nobody guilt tripping or forcing you into taking a path they want you to take.

Don't worry about me, I'll just become a voice again, and I'd rather die than follow the Queen's corrupted version of being a hero. I'd rather die than force you or guilt trip you into doing something you do not want to do like Essence would do. I'd rather die than to hurt you.

But you have to make that choice, Ana. Kill me, or the queen will kill you...

Scarred, you and all those other voices cannot harm the queen as you'll all just phase through her, but there is a more important thing I need you all to do: cheer on Ana... please. Don't force her or shame her into doing anything she doesn't want... just support her through this decision... please... Let her know I'm ready for this sacrifice!

*does everything she can to give Ana back her heart in the meantime*.

>>
No. 989923 ID: bcb0c0
File 161488286378.jpg - (2.71MB , 3508x2177 , Divergent 48.jpg )
989923

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJQnZZ-Wmao&ab_channel=barnonerecords
>>
No. 989932 ID: 612369

>>989923
Fuck off.

Ana, I know this sucks but if she's absorbed that flower and that what was keeping you alive, the only option I have left is we need to merge you two. It's not a good way of living I know but dammit all, I don't know of any other way to save you. I do know something that would make you the dominant personality, you remember that ritual I told you about that would make you and desolation one being? It's that. I'm sorry Ana, I don't know of another way to do this.
>>
No. 989963 ID: d63ea8

You have strength beyond perception.
Precious Ana,
Wounded Ana.

You have already died once.
You will find a way back to life again.

Think on the offerings this meek presence presents.
And we will exchange words again.


*The presence descends with Charred Queen.*
>>
No. 989979 ID: 5f4030

>989932
*holds the mind steady, an old trick Ana and the voices did a long time agoAna and the voices did this way back during the first threads and it let us speak as long as we needed*

Queen? Queen, I want you to know a few things as we’re falling. Because your arrogance and your pride are what has quite possibly killed you.

Firstly, you are not a Queen, you’re not a hero yet, hell you aren’t even human yet. It takes more than a can do attitude and a drive to win. That’s not what being a hero is and it’s certainly not what being a Queen is. What you are is a failure. And you will keep on failing until you learn how to do better. Maybe in that regard, we are perfect for each other.

Ana may have gone back on our goals but her reasons still make her human. She wants to live, hell who doesn’t. But why does anyone being have to die so that you can get your way?

I feel at this moment someone is trying to tell a story to someone. Well I’m gonna tell you one. Who knows maybe I’ll finish before we hit the ground.

There once was a scorpion who wanted to cross the river, but couldn’t swim. So he asked a local frog to swim him across.
“No” said the frog “you will sting me.”
“I will not,” said the scorpion, “if I sting you I will die in the river along with you.”
The frog, seeing this logic agreed, and let the scorpion climb on his back and began to swim across the river. But halfway across the frog felt a sharp sting on his back and his body began to paralyze.
“Why did you sting me?” Cried the frog, “now we will both drown!”
I’m sorry,” the scorpion “but I cannot control what’s in my nature.”
And the frog and scorpion both died.

Well I don’t know about you but that version is a loser. Here’s the version that actually has meaning. Same set up, a scorpion wants to cross a river and asks a frog to help him out, the frog is reluctant but agrees.

The frog braces himself for a sting but it never comes and the two are able to cross the river.
“Thank you!” Said the scorpion.
“You’re welcome,” said the frog “but can I ask something? You are a scorpion, why didn’t you sting me. It’s in your nature to sting.”
“Yes it is.” Said the scorpion “I might not be able to my control nature that I am born with, but I am in control of my actions.”

Do you get what I’m telling you here? You essentially fucked yourself over. You stung the frog. The good news is you are not dead yet, and if you are serious about wanting to be a hero, the first thing you must learn is to swallow that pride. Because the biggest lesson you need to learn about being a hero and just being a good person is this.

“Perfection may be unobtainable, but that is not an excuse to not strive for it.” As a hero are not a slave to your whims or your nature. You are meant to be better than that. You serve other people before yourself.

Now, swallow your pride, and call out to Ana to save your life. I suggest you merge with her. Maybe then you may gain some semblance of humanity and humility. Otherwise your lineage and your hopes will be dashed upon the road below, and it is the only hope you have left.
>>
No. 990172 ID: e51896

(I choose yes)
>>
No. 990361 ID: bcb0c0
File 161523699824.jpg - (3.23MB , 2720x3881 , Divergent 49.jpg )
990361

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6vgfOm9etw&ab_channel=YugoLimbo
>>
No. 990371 ID: d63ea8

*The presence peers at the storyteller.*

This is a riddle to which this presence would know no answer.

But Ana would have the words.

Precious Ana,
Betrayed Ana.

For she is the warrior,
The Disciple is the shadow,
And the Ash Tree is death.
>>
No. 990403 ID: e51896

He said: "You know what? Through my immortal life, I have experienced so many things not many people have experienced, accomplished so much impossible things that others only wish they'd accomplish, And I will die a noble hero's death with my name and stories of my accomplishments being remembered for hundreds, thousands, maybe even millions of years. and while there have been many heartaches, and hardships in my life, I've lived life to its fullest, I will die doing what I loved, and I appreciate all the memories I've made for myself...

...I have no regrets...

no regrets that is... except for you... the only thing I regret from my decision to become immortal is the pity I always felt for you, my shadow. I always felt bad that my decision for being an immortal has given you no purpose in life. All you did all your life was try to bring me down, try to make me doubt myself, try to make me feel guilt over living the life I want to live as an immortal, the choices I made, and chastise me whenever I refuse to live the life you want me to live... And yet, all those years, your words meant nothing to me, I went on to feel alive and valued life while you on the other hand wasted yours trying to bring me down. And I have regret for putting you through that existence, and pity for you for doing nothing but harshly judge me instead of living for yourself.

And now, as am close to my final breath,I want you to ask this question to yourself: what did you accomplish in all those years of belittling me and the way I lived my life? I want you to think hard about that as you live on as a shadow in your soon meaningless life after you lose me, and your purpose in criticizing me...

I sincerely hope you find your purpose in life after you lose me.
>>
No. 990407 ID: 7f15c2

>>990403
*claps* Bravo! What a shell of a life one must have in spending their immortality making others miserable.
>>
No. 990427 ID: e51896

but I do not think the shadow did it out of malice, consider that maybe the shadow through it's arrogance only thought its insults was only a part of tough love to help the soldier be a better person... even though its insults was actually doing more harm than good and wasting its time not realizing that the warrior was actually living his life to the fullest his own way, not the shadow's way.
>>
No. 990478 ID: 5f4030

>>990427
All in how you sell I it guess. Typically insults is not really a way to get anything done.
>>
No. 990544 ID: bcb0c0
File 161538576354.jpg - (1.90MB , 3110x2034 , Divergent 50.jpg )
990544

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqy5jqpLbgw&ab_channel=Doopliss
>>
No. 990595 ID: c17a37

*cuts her own tail off using her blades on her arms in order to save Ana from being pulled down with her*
>>
No. 990596 ID: 5f4030

>>990595
*nods solemnly.*

Queen, you’re fucking hopeless.
>>
No. 990606 ID: d63ea8

*The presence continues to descend.*
>>
No. 990638 ID: e51896

the optimist in me says they both survived, the pessimist says they both died...

though if some would want an absurd option that is none of those, an option that wasn't put in front of us, there could be an ending where the people the hero was fighting was a group of soldiers wanting revenge for the death of the evil necromancer, and decided after the hero and shadow died, they brought them back to life as zombies, in a state of being neither alive nor dead.

But the realist as far as the circumstance of the story's plot is concerned is that the hero died, and the shadow is left behind with no purpose... or rather... left to go find their new purpose in life. I feel that fits the morals and theme of how the story goes the most and my main choice.

But all in all, I don't think the main thing about the ending should be focused on is whether if they died together, survived together, or if one died and the other lived. I think the main question that should be focused on is, whether they separated from each other or not...

and I think the most fitting ending is that... they cut ties from one another, whether in their life or death...
>>
No. 990639 ID: 9bb464

>>990638
I would like to be an optimist about it. But the question I keep asking is could they really sever ties with each other? Would it really be the best option? It just adds to the tragedy if they do.

Think about it like this. The warrior is immortal, everyone he loves will eventually die. I keep thinking, what else is there for him? The same applies to the shadow. His entire existence is to watch the warrior, to question his motives. That is his purpose, his duty as it were.

Why couldn’t they talk it out? What is stopping them from finding common ground? Are they really so different from each other that they are incapable of talking, or reaching understanding? Not everyone is born evil or a monster. There’s always something underneath that leads to it.

The shade believes the warrior is an unstoppable killing machine destined to spend his life on the battlefield, and the warrior believes the shade is a shackle that is meant to keep him tethered and deprive him of his freedoms.

Why didn’t they try to reach an understanding? What stopped them? Stubbornness? Their nature? Or just outright stupidity and lack of common sense?

I see a tragedy here.
>>
No. 990640 ID: 9bb464

>>990544
*holds the mind steady again*

You are, entirely, hopeless. I meant it when I said you are no Queen. You are nothing...

I warned you, I tried to tell you, but you didn’t listen. You didn’t care.

If this how it ends queen, then know that when this universe resets itself which I estimate will happen, shortly after Ana dies and you hit the ground, I will mourn for you, you and Ana.

You had potential, you really did. But you still played your game of being a Queen.

Your game of pretend is over. Goodbye Queen.
>>
No. 990679 ID: bcb0c0
File 161547536478.jpg - (3.06MB , 3508x2676 , Divergent 51.jpg )
990679

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN3HeLUTCms&ab_channel=Monplaisir-Topic
>>
No. 990697 ID: e51896

But she isn't complicit to this world's degradation. she isn't choosing to be a nobody, she is actually fighting for Lorence to prevent things from going further off the rails and make something good out of a bad situation for everyone around with what little there is, like preventing the Blind Will from attacking, or trying to prevent Happy from taking control. She is trying to bring good influences within a morally degraded group of people from the inside and trying to make them better people as her alter ego as Toothpick which is really risky but a good cause.

And before you say he is a villain, really, what is the definition of a hero or a villain in this world?
>>
No. 990747 ID: 5f4030

>>990697
I don't and will never approve of working for Lorence. But I do understand what she is trying to do. I don't like it, and I think there are more proactive ways of going about it, but if this is her way forward, I will accept it. But I will answer that question fortune.

A hero is one who never stops trying to do the right thing. A hero is one who defies the world order of might makes right, and one who says "No" to the idea that people are meant to be ruled and lorded over like mice. A hero is one who defends the helpless and stands for what's right, not out of fear or guilt, but because they are a good person deep down. A hero is one who burns fate, and makes their own destiny.

A villain is the one who cannot accept change, cannot move past their own limitations. And I don't mean physical limitations, I mean mental and emotional. A villain would impose their will on others because they want to force others to their level to the point where they cannot move on either. A villain cannot grow, cannot change, and lets the world define them.
>>
No. 990749 ID: d63ea8

*The presence looks from Scarred Ana to Charred Queen.*
Warnings were given,
Warnings were forgotten.

*It then looks to Ana and then back to Scarred.*

A leech only knows how to feed on others.
It will do so as their host makes pleas for bargains.
It will do so as their host makes pleas for mercy.
It will do so even as their host is dying.

It is the nature of a parasite to kill their host,
Even if doing so would destroy themselves.

Disciple of Marks,
You state how a villain cannot change,
Yet wish for the scorpion to.
You wish for Ana to be a hero,
Yet state how much of a failure she is whenever she stumbles.

This empty presence will offer a small question,
Then dine upon silence.

"Disciple of Marks,"
"How much do you differ from the leech?"

*The presence then covers its mouth with its hands.*
>>
No. 990759 ID: 5f4030

>>990749
I never once said, that the villain cannot change, I welcome it and encourage it if they do so. What I said is that the villain cannot accept change and seeks to limit others based on their own limitations. I'll admit I am slow to change, and I still will never approve of what Ana is doing with Lorence, but I can accept it. What I want Ana to be is something that will probably not happen, no matter how much I wish it were so. But I can accept that. Ironically though, you just fell for your trap Echo of Voice, I think that's what I'm gonna call you. You just made the same comparison about nature, we can't control our natures, we cannot control how we were born or the powers we have. What we can decide is our actions about what to do with what we are and who we want to be.
>>
No. 990860 ID: bcb0c0
File 161558817880.jpg - (3.12MB , 3508x3093 , Divergent 52.jpg )
990860

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1BEh5gZ90k&ab_channel=BossBattleRecords
>>
No. 990873 ID: 5f4030

>>990860
Queen, if you were some kind of animal, I would treat you as such. You really would be blameless for your actions. But ask yourself this, why would I bother labeling you as a "bad guy?" and not an animal? Because an animal isonly ruled by their instincts, and you are not, and have never been an animal. You have continuously chosen to act the way you have. You have never grown as person and seen past your own limitations. That is why I say, you are a failure. You are no animal, you are a person that has continuously made the wrong choices, knows they're making the wrong choices, and yet chooses to do them anyway. That is why you have failed at every turn, and why I have such disappointment and scorn. I legitimately had high hopes for you, I wanted you to do better, to be better. But everytime, you just failed and showed only your capacity to hurt. You could have done better. You still can do better, but you need to start now. Otherwise, what else is there for us here? At this point, I can't even say that creating a new universe for you would be a good idea for you and your kind if this is how you would act. Show me otherwise and maybe, but for now, I'm not hopeful.

Just fucking say it Ana. I don't have the time or the patience to play this game of guess what the big twist is, and frankly i'm tired of- wait a minute...

What the hell...? Queen? Who was that just a bit ago? Your face, It did something on Charred's side. Queen? Is someone else talking to you right now, is someone making you do these things? Who's with you? Show yourself!
>>
No. 990877 ID: d63ea8

*The presence watches Ana closely.*

*It waits for what she has to say.*
>>
No. 991012 ID: e51896

If the flower can regenerate the queen, would that mean that it also regenerated someone else within Spirit Parasite, a spirit we ate?

Clara? Are you there? Is your body fixed up from that flower within Parasite Queen? Or maybe somebody else from within? I need some help stopping this monster...

*remembers also that Spirit Parasite queen was able to control Rosaline's earlier.
Decides to try to control Rosaline's body and attempt to have her use her spider arms to stab the queen and take the flower back while the queen is distracted, hopes this is what Ana was talking about*
>>
No. 991247 ID: bcb0c0
File 161574507484.jpg - (6.03MB , 3508x4531 , Divergent 53.jpg )
991247

first part song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRTvTQ_Q5qI&ab_channel=Pangoro

middle part song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJO27VQxnmM&ab_channel=DontBleedOnTheSuits

final part song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDTpQh5Pw-Q&ab_channel=DBDLeaks
>>
No. 991250 ID: 5f4030

>>991247
*holds the mind steady, the whole world seems to freeze in place*

You’re not getting away this time.

*follows the strings to the source*

If you are, what I think you are, then you and I have unfinished business, Absolution Prime.
>>
No. 991267 ID: e51896

WAIT! I might know what this thing wants other than your death, Ana!

One thing I thought this creature was, was a demon. I thought this because they made that deal with me to switch with Ana so that Ana wouldn't suffer anymore, and another deal with Spirit Parasite to put her back together and live again. And what I do know is that devils only influence people to do evil or make deals with them so that they can take their souls when they die...

As far as I know however, A demon cannot directly harm a living person unless that person's soul is sent to hell...
So killing Ana would mean this creature is not a demon at all, as they'd be breaking a rule demons follow by getting directly involved in killing Ana if it was one...

And also, even if that statement wasn't true, they cannot break their own contracts! when I made that deal to switch with Ana, that demon stated the deal was that it would be "giving Ana a chance to not feel pain anymore" If it harms or kills Ana personally, that deal becomes NULL AND VOID as it would be breaking that contract I had with it by harming Ana.

but if this demon is not in fact a demon, I wonder, does this creature want to become a demon? Is that something it wants more than Ana's execution?

If that is the case, let me tell you "demon", if you kill Ana, you'd be admitting to yourself that you do not nor will ever have what it takes to become a demon, and will just be living a lie... Who knows, maybe you love lying to yourself... but if you want to truly become a demon, you have to not get directly involved in taking someone's life, and especially not break contracts people agree to making with you!

because if you as a demon break your own contract, the person's soul you own is now free from your grasp.

I was going to offer to sign a contract to give my soul to save Ana's life, or ask to answer a riddle in order to spare Ana's life, but if you're going to break contracts with your clients after reaching agreements with them in the past, then what hope do you have in being a proper demon if you can't even keep yourself from breaking your own contracts?

...

you honestly are acting like a certain lawyer I know now that I explained all that out loud...
>>
No. 991325 ID: d63ea8

*The presence glances at Scarred Ana, but then refocuses on Charred Ana.*

*It removes its hands from its mouth.*
Words reverberate in the air,
Tangling and twisting into one another...
Perhaps...

Memorial of Pain,
You may be correct,
But in an incorrect way.

The great striped beast is here,
It always has been...

But it traces your steps,
Not the leech's.

You say contract is broken,
And seek to give more of yourself.
But...
Perhaps...

The opposite may be truer.
That great beast of stripes gifted you a body.
A body that the parasite now feeds upon...
>>
No. 991326 ID: d63ea8

Perhaps...
With contract now broken,
You,
Memorial of Pain,
Should reject this gift.

Remove yourself from this tainted shell...

And thus cut the connection between beast and leech.


*It then replaces the hands over its mouth.*
>>
No. 991590 ID: e51896

You... make a very good point. Thanks...

This body can't function and move without me, will be put in the weakened state that it was before our merge even if it has the flower, and with the contracts broken, I should very easily just be able to...

*forces everything she can to pull away from the Spirit Parasite body, even attempting to cut her side of the Charred Queen's face off to do so if she needs to.
>>
No. 991669 ID: bcb0c0
File 161593802530.jpg - (4.53MB , 3508x3924 , Divergent 54.jpg )
991669

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWIngK8ULH0&ab_channel=zemyata
>>
No. 991754 ID: 612369

>>991669
You know who I am...?

Well, alright then Puppetmaster. I'll be watching for you as well then. You can talk a big game, but something people like you, and Essence forget, when you stare into the abyss, the abyss looks into you. You may think you're watching us the voice in the shadows. No, in the shadows and in the dark, I'll be coming for you.

*floats back down*

Well, I just got a glimpse of what that thing was.

It knew me...

As for you queen, I said some very harsh words, but given the circumstances I am willing to take back some of what I said. But if I decide to save you here, I need to know one thing. Did you believe the words it said and were you acting on your own accord? Or were you just pulled like a puppet? Be mindful, your life very well could hang in this balance.
>>
No. 991762 ID: d63ea8

*The presence removes its hands again.*
It appears your idea has worked,
Memorial of Pain.
This near-defeat has been pushed back to a stalemate.
But more must be done...

Disciple of Marks,
Memorial of Pain,
Please offer me a mote of resolve,
So this pitiable presence might offer aid.

Yet...

*The presence drifts closer to Ana.*

Precious Ana,
Resilient Ana.

Please offer an empty presence...
A faint taste of that great sadness...
You held only a moment before...
As I might put it to great use.
>>
No. 991817 ID: 612369

>>991762
*Scarred thinks for something to give Echo of Voice and then says...*

“Stand like a beaten anvil, when thy dream
Is laid upon thee, golden from the fire.
Flinch not, though heavily through that furnace-gleam
The black forge-hammers fall on thy desire.

Demoniac giants round thee seem to loom.
'Tis but the world-smiths heaving to and fro.
Stand like a beaten anvil. Take the doom
Their ponderous weapons deal thee, blow on blow.

Needful to truth as dew-fall to the flower
Is this wild wrath and this implacable scorn.
For every pang, new beauty, and new power,
Burning blood-red shall on thy heart be born.

Stand like a beaten anvil. Let earth's wrong
Beat on that iron and ring back in song.”
>>
No. 992121 ID: e51896

Alright, Ana. I heard your inner thoughts, I know what you want, and I will help your desires to the best of my abilities.

Queen, you and Ana have a lot in common with each other. Both of you have the entire world against you wanting you both dead, both of you have strong amount of resilience and resolve, and both of you have the same arch nemesis: Happy.

However, the only difference between you two is that Ana has trust in her friends, and her friends trust her, whether it be us voices, or someone like Rosaline. Meanwhile, you turn people away refusing to make friends or listen to the advice of someone you merged with or ignoring the goals they want to achieve, even going as far as to hurt someone I cared deeply about. Because of your treatment towards others such as I, they will be less likely to trust you, and leave you.

In a way, you remind me of Null. Null wanted to jump head first into things to gain power and kill as much of his enemies as he could while not listening to the wants of his partner Demoria. Demoria wanted Null to be more patient and gradually gain power slowly but surly in the shadows. Null however went out guns blazing, not giving any thoughts to his well being, and Demoria's wants, and well... now he is a puddle, just like how your body is going back to the way it was before we merged...

But... after listening to Ana's thoughts, she has great empathy for you and your current condition, and while I must disagree with her decision especially after what you did to me, Ana is willing to take my place and merge with you to become one...

However, she has one simple stipulation: after you had betrayed her by attacking her the way you did after she revealed her secret to you, she wants to see what you can do to show that you are trustworthy. Because if you are not trustworthy, your partnership with Ana is not going to work, and you'll end up in the same relationship you had with me to the point where your body is trying to tear itself apart. So if you want to save your body by merging with Ana, It is important that you need to FIRST remove the flower from inside you, and toss it over to Ana. This will show that you are willing to actually listen to her wants, while at the same time, she will do her best to fulfill your wants as well in return. Only after you toss the flower to Ana will she fuse with you.

And just so you know, Ana actually wanted to die before she became Mr. Toohpick, which is why I switched with Ana in the first place, so that she may be in peace as a soul while I continued on in her place. If you don't give her the flower, she will not mind and it will not be a big deal to her, and she will just pass on. But you on the other hand, I know you want to continue living with all your heart. If life is what you desire, please toss Ana the heart. Only once she receives it, only then she will grab your hand, and merge with you.
>>
No. 992146 ID: d63ea8

Ah...
Fruits of the forge,
And delights of forbidden words.

The fleeting idea falls through,
Like water through a sieve.

Yet the foundations of a new path,
Now catches in the wire...
>>
No. 992147 ID: d63ea8

*The presence clenches its hands into fist before stepping away from Ana.*
It has been said again and again that this leech is not to be trusted.
You have the strength to stand up on your own two feat!
Precious Ana,
Empowered Ana.

Despite all of the previous attacks,
You would still offer mercy to this thing?!

*It whirls around to face Fortune Ana.*

And you!
Seeker of Truth,
You beyond all should recognize how this pattern has failed,
And will fail again.

Even renewed with new power this filled presence will...
...Stand by...

*The presence turns to Charred Queen.*

It cannot fight against the wishes of the Seeker,
Or the will of Ana.
Precious Ana,
Kind Ana.

Leech,
This presence would sooner see you smeared across the pavement,
This form has no heart...
Yet Ana does.
Precious Ana,
Merciful Ana.

Return that flower,
And she will save you.
>>
No. 992296 ID: f626ab
File 161628498063.jpg - (2.60MB , 3371x2488 , Divergent 55.jpg )
992296

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eocCPDxKq1o&ab_channel=PinkVEVO
>>
No. 992303 ID: e51896

...
She still has my body, the body of an Ana...

Ana, Instead of just smashing her with the rock, can you do me a favor and just burn her with your magic until she is a pile of ash instead? and then keep her ashes somewhere safe with you? I know you don't plan on making a new universe, and I won't force you, but you do plan on living a long life, for hundreds of years. Perhaps at some point, your goals may change and you may want to create a new world. Life is full of possibilities and people change after all. It would be a new world with new life from the body of this creature, a noble sacrifice.

Queen, your life you'll give will give birth to new life. It was what you wanted when you wanted to make offsprings after all. Maybe as a consolation, this is what Ana may do one day. You will be a part of something far grander than you could imagine.
>>
No. 992448 ID: 5f4030

>>992303
Tsk tsk.

Giving up so soon are you? Look fortune, this goal is something we should shoot for. It is, I think if anything it’s probably a more heroic act. But the problem with what you just suggested, is now we have to kill another person to make it happen. So, I don’t get it, in fact I forget but doesn’t someone already have some Ana ash somewhere? It seems like this idea is like some wild goose chase we’re trying to go on, so far we haven’t seen a feather of that goose. At this point, I can’t help but wonder is it really worth it? I don’t think killing her and by extension, you, is really worth it. But... hmm.

I wonder. Fortune? Ana? I have a hypothesis, I don’t know if it would work, but, perhaps. Fortune you more or less separated yourself from the body, but is it possible you or I could rejoin? If all of together merged as one with the Queen acting as the catalyst... You know what it reminds me of? How apt, Mr. Triumphant and Daro. Queen would act as the binding agent, we could each take turns switching in and out based on who is needed. I may be pulling at strings but I think it could be something worth trying. Just maybe.

Ultimately I am against killing Queen... The greatest thing a hero can give is redemption.
>>
No. 992463 ID: e51896

Mad creator was going to give alternate timeline Ana's ashes to the dimensional tribunal as evidence. I far as I'm concerned, it is impossible to retrieve.

I'm sorry, I really want to spare her, and you might think me weak for thinking this and won't be something you'd want to hear but, there is just so many moments where we tried to save or spare people because we felt sorry for them, and we were backstabbed immediately afterwards, and I have so much trouble trusting this queen because of it. I fear it'll just be like the fbi agent, Rosaline, Mad World Painting or Robert if we decide to trust and spare the queen, they all backstabbed as soon as we tried being nice to them or showed mercy, and the queen is just going to go out and kill innocent lives again in order to get stronger to fulfill her wishes to get revenge against Lorence and Happy. And I don't want to be a part of that. I've come to accept that sometimes, there are lives that are just not worth saving, as they can still be far too dangerous to keep alive. I'm just tired of being fooled over and over again into saving someone that will go on to hurt us and others again with empty promises that they'll help us or be better. And how do we know for sure if we both merge with the queen that her motivation won't pick right back up and she won't try to hurt Ana again, or kill innocent lives again?

after all, you yourself killed Essence... you must have understood that she is someone that is too dangerous to keep alive, to dangerous to see as redeemable. I see the queen in the same light, she is no different, you've seen how psychopathic she was towards others and how very little interest she has towards our goals, or the people living in this world, only her own motivations to get revenge by any means necessary, even killing innocent lives to get stronger to achieve it. She is far too risky to keep alive. I even tried to get her to talk things out when we first met her near the ash tree, and she just wanted none of that and attacked us first.

As a warrior, you must personally understand this. The enemy soldiers you killed in your past life to bring peace to your timeline, they're normal people all who had families, loved ones, lives of their own, just like you. They probably pleaded deep inside that they would not get killed when they face you, But you needed to take their lives anyway in the battles you fought because they were going against what you were fighting for. That is the sad nature of what war is about. The queen is just like that, an enemy that shouldn't be saved despite her grieving and promises that she'll try to change. I'm not giving up, I'm not proud of wanting to kill her, and the guilt is going to eat me up if we kill her, but I just know that some lives are just far too dangerous to keep alive. If we spare her, I just know more innocent lives will be lost, but if we put her out of her misery, we'll save more lives. I'm trying to think realistic about this, and sometimes the truth of it hurts really badly.

I'm sorry for thinking this, but that is just where I stand. I believe it is up to the presence to break the tie. I know the greatest thing a hero can give is redemption, but there are such a thing as people being irredeemable. A hero sparing someone could cause more people to die in the hands of the person they spared, causing the weight of responsibilities of the lives lost to fall on the hero who saved that person.
>>
No. 992490 ID: 5b7263

>>992463
Aye, I did kill Essence. And I still regret it. I don’t want that for you.

I’ve only seen a few people that I would count as irredeemable, I will admit, Essence was one of them, mad world the other. But Robert, no, him I have doubts about, and he’s still more or less lost in the woods. I don’t know what his plan was, but something else I’ve noticed. Each time those people have backstabbed us. It’s almost immediately backfired. Robert is lost and alone, Mad World is locked away, Essence is dead. Maybe its justice and karma working their magic. So what will that mean for you?

As for me, If I was forced to kill them, so be it. But I’d rather be the person who takes the high road. I never delighted in what I had to do. This isn’t unlike those times, I’ll admit it.

But I have one question, and it’s something I’m thinking about too.

What if one of us is wrong?
>>
No. 992525 ID: d63ea8

These fortifying sentiments seem to have done their work.
But there is more that needs to be addressed...

You may be on the right track,
Disciple of Marks,
But the thoughts might flow in the other direction.

There is a force behind the scenes,
The striped beast has shown itself,
And is acting from the wings...

Its actions aren't to karmically correct these betrays,
But to cause them.

It did so with the leech easily enough,
Perhaps it has done so previously.

Either way,
The leech is dangerous.
Too dangerous.

Listen to the Seeker of Truth,
Have the leech roasted and it's form contained.
If the leech can be taught to create and nurture,
Rather than steal and destroy,
Then that would be a path to redemption.

But know this...
If this scene were reversed,
The leech would have no reservations of 'good' and 'justice'.

Even now it changes shape to be more pitiable.
The predatory instinct of false tears,
Biding time,
Waiting for the perfect moment of weakness to reassert control.


The risk is too great.
>>
No. 992533 ID: 5b7263

>>992525
Okay... Okay I see you. I get you.

Counter offer. Let’s go down that path.

*jumps in and merges with Queen.*
>>
No. 992645 ID: f626ab
File 161645963553.jpg - (4.00MB , 3508x3931 , Divergent 56.jpg )
992645

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4dgF3GkRUQ&ab_channel=Shin
>>
No. 992646 ID: 612369

>>992645
*Scars appear and right eye changes, and she gives a deep inhale*

Ooooh man. *Stretches neck from side to side, flexes and stretches* Is it good to be back in the saddle. Mind if I take the reigns for a bit? I feel a little atrophied, gotta make sure i'm still in fighting shape.

To answer your question, Ana. I am on your side, always have been. But sometimes, we gotta step up and be better for others too, not just ourselves.

*looks over at Rosaline*

Oh, you're still here huh? Well, neat, I guess. Glad to see Queen spared you. She did the right thing.
>>
No. 992678 ID: 612369

>>992646
*starts head bobbing and humming this*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vWNauaZAgg
>>
No. 993544 ID: e51896

and well, I can't complain, I switched bodies with Ana going against what Scarred wanted... I guess Scarred saving the queen without our okay makes us even now.

First, I think you should put on your toothpick mask... and your other toothpick mask before doing anything else.

But wait, Rosaline called you Ana even though you are wearing a mask and not able to see your face... Ana, did you let Rosaline know before we ran into you your true identity at some point?

And Scarred, I want you to know this: while it is a good trait to forgive and give people second chances, it is also possible to be too forgiving. I fear someday, we may come across somebody who will take advantage of us giving people second chances, and use that to backstab us when we're most vulnerable. There are some people out there who are irredeemable sadly...

Ana, you've been doing very good for yourself without our advice, so I really don't have to tell you what to do in this situation.

but if your really want to know what I would do, well, I've been betrayed so many times in this journey that it is very hard for me to trust others anymore. and as far as the queen goes, when someone betrays another's trust, it is very difficult to win it back.

But seeing as she isn't willing to attack again when she could have, and since Scarred is with her to keep her in place... hmmm... I think the best step in the right direction for her to redeem herself is for now instead of killing her, we'll simply imprison her until Lorence gets back, and make a deal with Lorence up on his offer to help him. I know he has given that offer to have the queen join, so perhaps it is best to wait until he comes back and make the offer final.

Scarred, I know you heavily hate the idea of being imprisoned and eventually joining Lorence and want to do everything you can to fight against the cult, but I believe that there are other ways in fighting against their corruption instead of violently fighting against them as a warrior, such as trying to bring out the good in the members, and negate the corruption from within the people that is causing them to do the vile things they do. And I know that there are some people that won't be able to become better people, like Delilah for example, but I think if we change enough people's ways, the good in the people we bring out will outweigh the bad in the others.

Remember, I was once a member of the acolytes before I became a voice in my past life, and I was able to influence people's morals to become better people and not total assholes.

And not only that, it seems like there are bigger threats we need to deal with besides the cult, like Happy for example, who seems to not only been messing with us, but messing with Lorence as well. And you know what they say, 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend'.

We've done things your way for a very long time during this journey, maybe this time, we can try doing things my way?
>>
No. 993550 ID: f3eb46

>>993544
*continues stretching and swings her leg up*
You know ironically I’m not actually opposed to that idea. The way I see things it looks as though the blind will are gonna be showing up soon too as well as Happy, who by the way, might have been the one controlling Queen through the gross finger string. So that’s fine with me, and it gives me an idea of what to do with what we’ve got going for us.

And no offense to you guys Rosaliné, but without Root as the figurehead I see the problems you guys are having with this power struggle. You are in the midst of what looks to be infighting. Hell I’d bet you a million buck there’s a few your ranks who don’t want Root back, Delilah actually being one of them. Let’s be real here, the woman’s a sociopath, and the definition of “born bad.” Plus, I know a few people within your group that were once part of mine, so we can get a good group going again without Lorence.

So I had an idea not entirely unlike yours Fortune, I say we become “Mr. Toothpicks” bodyguard. Maybe get a nickname for us too “Mrs. Scars” or something. I just have a couple conditions.
1. I cannot and will not work with Lorence, can’t stand him, can’t trust him.
2. Ana’s safety comes first.
3. We always try to the right thing as we can.
>>
No. 993551 ID: e51896

Just remember that Rosaline trusts Lorence with all her heart, especially since he helped her immensely
>>
No. 993562 ID: 2783c4

>>993550
By the way Rosaliné, I’ll be honest here, I’m not super thrilled about working with you too given some of the things I’ve learned about you. But it’s enough I can have a working relationship with you. But before you say anything about why I can’t work with Lorence, here’s why. One we saved his ass a long time ago, and helped him when he met Root. But the man is also mentally wound too tight and can have violent outbursts if that careful system he’s got in his own head starts to come unloose. Plus, I don’t support murderers, and he let Delilah kill a woman in cold blood in front of us. The man is scum and I refuse to work with him or take orders from him.
>>
No. 993571 ID: 2783c4

>>993562
Well... maybe “scum” is too strong a word. I know you value his leadership highly. But let me ask you this, if he had a choice between saving your life or accomplishing his own agenda, and fulfilling his status quo, which do you honestly, in your heart of hearts believe he would take?
>>
No. 993649 ID: d63ea8

*The presence shudders, but then steadies itself.*
Warnings offered.
Warnings ignored.


Your resolve is without limits,
Disciple of Marks.

This presence will watch at a distance.
Overconfidence begets thoughtlessness.
What has happened will happen again


Your choice was-
Fragment of Fortune Ana's Deception dissolves.
Expected.


You pursue your desires regardless of risk,
Disciple of Marks.

It will be another betrayal waiting to occur.

But your resilience still holds strong.
>>
No. 993650 ID: 5f4030

>>993649
You’re being a massive downer right now my friend.

The good news is I have you two with me. I won’t lie, Fortune you are better at thinking through things than I am, and you excel at out of the box thinking. But that also can biggest come across as your greatest flaw. Sometimes your logic and reason comes across more like apathy.

Where I as I am passionate, and try to see the good in everyone as I can, I’m also impulsive and idealistic where I should be realistic. Sometimes I do rush into things and end up paying for them.

But the point I’m making is this Echo, if we want to avoid this mistakes, be a hero, keep Ana alive, then the solution is pretty much this, we need to do better.
>>
No. 993654 ID: d63ea8

This form holds what is given to it.

Otherwise there is nothing.

This filled presence merely notes,
What is,
And what was.

If a resolute spirit is the solution,
So be it.

Just know this,
Disciple of Marks.
Not all are able to share in the fortitude you hold.
Lest you expect your followers to be mirrors,
And not individuals.
>>
No. 993690 ID: f626ab
File 161703907757.jpg - (3.82MB , 3508x4429 , Divergent 57.jpg )
993690

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGNOgoW1_wo&ab_channel=Athrix255
>>
No. 993698 ID: 612369

Fuck that, no. I refuse to accept that.
>>
No. 993748 ID: 612369

>>993698
Also, why wouldn't Scarred try to defend herself. As soon as she realizes Ana is trying to kill her she wouldn't just take it. Bad writing, and a bad twist. Do better.
>>
No. 993780 ID: d63ea8

Not all wounds heal,
Not all are able to stand tall.
Some bend.
Some fracture.

These cracks were too great to bear.
Fragment of Scarred Ana's Resilience dissolves.
>>
No. 993781 ID: d63ea8

And the bonds break.

There is nothing left.

Precious Ana,
Severed Ana.
The Seeker sees worth in the ashes.

*The presence nods towards Rosaline.*
Perhaps have this accomplice might collect it in your stead.

*It looks back at Ana.*
It seems that you wish to diverge from this path.

If that is your wish,
Precious Ana,
Singular Ana,
Then this empty presence will offer compliance.
>>
No. 993784 ID: e51896

*was going to ask Ana to keep the ashes, but decides not to say anything to her as she feels Ana doesn't want to talk to or hear her. Decides to leave Ana alone to her own future*
>>
No. 993789 ID: 2783c4

*looks for the strings controlling Ana.*
>>
No. 993841 ID: f626ab
File 161713159616.jpg - (3.57MB , 3508x3762 , Divergent 58.jpg )
993841

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_skcu9C4RI&ab_channel=FalKKonE
>>
No. 993844 ID: 612369

>>993841
*deep breath, and slowly beginning to heal the wounds*
Damn bitch, you know you didn't have to hit that hard. Or you could have at least given me some forewarning. Also, please pay attention to what I said. I specifically said I couldn't work with Lorence. I hate the man yeah, but if this body is infected with something well that kinda throws a monkey wrench in that whole thing doesn't it? I'm not gonna kill him. As for the infection itself, I can stem some of it off but I can't get rid of it entirely.

To be honest Ana, I don't really have any master plan beyond ensure you and I both live. I guess if I actually had one its try to END the cycles themselves and find a way to move on. I mean, being realistic here, if you die well then you just join us in bumfuck nowhere as a voice trapped in this limbo. Do not pass go do not collect two-hundred dollars. Would it be nice to get even with everyone? Yeah sure, but it's not gonna help anything beyond my own feelings of satisfaction. And even then, it wouldn't really be that satisfying. So yeah, my plans really haven't changed that much.
>>
No. 993860 ID: 612369

>>993844
Only question I have for you, is do you have a spare mask? I don't really think Lorence or anyone seeing it would really appreciate seeing me.
>>
No. 994612 ID: d63ea8

*The presence drifts further away.*
So it was a farce...
The leech will still be dangerous.


Disciple of Marks,
If you freely admit to having no plan,
Then perhaps it is your place to currently listen.
Precious Ana,
Independent Ana,
Has survived,
And even thrived without guidance.
Was is it that she wishes to do?
>>
No. 994614 ID: e51896

Hey, Scarred? Can I ask of you to support Ana's decision in what she wants to do with her life, and not try to get her to live the life you once lived, even if it means letting her work with Lorence if she wants?

For a long time, I felt that we were pushing Ana to do things she doesn't want to do and instead trying to force her to go down a path we want her to go down... but then I think about Essence, and how she forced us to go down paths we didn't want because we thought it was the wrong path. That feeling we felt of having no control and bowing to Essence's will, that was how Ana must have felt when we kept limiting her options... and it guilts me deeply. That was why I switched bodies with Ana, because even though I thought it was the wrong decision, and even though I deeply did not want to switch bodies with her, I knew that she needed control over her life, and I couldn't keep forcing her into doing things I wanted. When you told Dervan you didn't want Ana to go with her, it broke my heart seeing Ana lose all hope after she was rejected by Dervan as a result... it was there I realize our actions were mirroring Essence and I needed to really take action to give Ana control even if it meant switching bodies with her...

From this point forward, I want to no longer try to get her to work towards a life that we want her to live, but rather, I want to work towards helping and supporting her live a life that SHE want's to live.

Plus, I know there has to be some good within Lorence that we are not seeing. Nobody can be that evil... I've worked with him from time to time before in my past life after all.

Overall, I just want to support Ana in any decisions and goals she wants to make, even if it means sacrificing my own goals in creating a new universe... Scarred, I really just want to save you or myself from becoming like Essence and avoid making Ana think her way of living, or her choices are wrong... I want to encourage Ana to make her own decisions.
>>
No. 994621 ID: 5f4030

>>994614
That’s pretty much all I can do at this point really. You know I can’t approve of her ever working for Lorence, but whatever she does decide to do my main goals are really these. Make sure she lives so she gets a chance to make those choices herself, find a way to break the cycles.

And... There is one person who I’d like to see again. If only to give him the goodbye I never got to say.
>>
No. 994830 ID: f626ab
File 161758399114.jpg - (4.59MB , 3508x3835 , Divergent 59.jpg )
994830

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8MS85Okuto&ab_channel=xRussianYulia17x
>>
No. 994843 ID: e51896

No thanks on the offer.
>>
No. 994925 ID: 5f4030

>>994830
Inner thoughts: Stay calm. Stay calm. They are just a messenger for their boss... the boss who killed my son and will try to corrupt Logan. Stay calm, you can’t afford to go berserk right now. Think of everyone else here, think of what you need to do for Ana and everyone else here. Stay calm, deep breaths.

No thanks.
>>
No. 995005 ID: d63ea8

Of course,
If that word is not to your liking,
Then this empty presence will dissolve it.
________ Ana,
Cognizant Ana.

*The presence floats behind Ana.*

Another parasite approaches,
But this one hides its nature.
This one feeds upon thought,
Rather than flesh.

The leech will be made into a spy for it,
Not you.

Carefully watch where the dripping ichor falls.


*The presence then drifts away and looks at Beverly's hands.*
>>
No. 995088 ID: f626ab
File 161775582560.jpg - (2.29MB , 3508x2192 , Divergent 60.jpg )
995088

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWTcx-qcp-w&t=637s&ab_channel=VGMExtensions
>>
No. 995133 ID: e51896

I wonder why they didn't say what the alternative would be in the first place. probably would have effected what we would have chosen somewhat... did they do that just to make us feel stupid and make fun of us? because that'd be rude.

Alright, Scarred, tell them something along the lines of this:

The reason why you didn't want to take their offer in the first place was because as a warrior who fought for Absolution in your past life, you did not want them, the Blind Will, to get in trouble with the Dimensional Tribunal and with Absolution Prime, or even get Absolution Prime in trouble.

Absolution Prime is working closely with the Dimensional Tribunal to make sure that this universe does not free Andrew Goodwill, and keep order within this universe. And since Absolution Prime and the Dimensional Tribunal is working with each other, one of the things that the Dimensional Triubunal does not want is Spirit Parasites being associated with anyone as they can be more dangerous than anyone can realize, with the risk of infecting the entire universe, and move on to other universes.

If you all, as the Blind Will, decide to enslave a Spirit Parasite, or even take an arm that was infected by a spirit parasite, either Absolution Prime is going to get angry at you, or the Dimensional Tribunal is going to get angry at your god Absolution Prime. All that being said, take the arm at your own risk. I don't want your group getting in trouble.


(Even if you lose the arm, don't worry, there are ways of getting a new one. But we prefer not to lose this one. Stay strong, Queen, and Scarred.)
>>
No. 995134 ID: a99561

>>995133
Inner thoughts: I’ll try it your way first, then if they insist then I make no promises I won’t hurt them. And given the circumstances I don’t think I’ll want to be merciful.

*shakes head to reveal marking on right eye*

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you. This is my first warning. Taking my arm means affiliating yourself with the spirit parasites, a wanted and dangerous animal according to the dimensional tribunal. Taking my arm means possibly drawing more attention to Absolution which I know he wants to avoid. As someone who has fought for him as you can see by my marking, I advise you to simply walk away. It might make him more angry and paranoid, or draw in further unwanted attention. If you persist, then my second warning...

*deep inhale and flexes and she pulls herself from the nails and chest blades cut the ropes, she stares at the blind will through the healing holes in her hands*

If you try to take it by force I will defend myself.
Inner thoughts: please, try to take it by force.

*readies a fighting stance*
>>
No. 995231 ID: d63ea8

*The presence remains silent and carefully watches the ichor dripping from Beverly's hands.*
>>
No. 995353 ID: 9d8674
File 161791539967.jpg - (1.18MB , 2644x2129 , Divergent 61.jpg )
995353

I am not saying that it is impossible to get off the tree, but it will take more ingenuity to accomplish that goal other than simply flexing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lvk80pAGqw&ab_channel=EdmundMcMillen
>>
No. 995365 ID: 612369

>>995353
*Scarred casts alter-self moulding her hands and feet so they slip through the hails and cuts through the ropes, similar to how she changed her appearance, her hands morph so they split and close, escaping the nails*

Whatever message you have, as long as its nothing physical or that I would interpret as an attack, fine.
>>
No. 995413 ID: e51896

Something to note, it seems like Lorence and the Blind Will have a common hatred towards the Dimensional Tribunal.
>>
No. 995543 ID: d63ea8

*The presence looks at the back of the tree that Scarred Queen is tied to.*
Something moves with great care...
>>
No. 995874 ID: 9d8674
File 161827588339.jpg - (2.19MB , 3508x2008 , Divergent 62.jpg )
995874

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7rEI1uAM8k&ab_channel=L%27OrchestraCin%C3%A9matique
>>
No. 995907 ID: e51896

There is a lot to consider with what our goals might be.

Honestly, I still feel compelled to just create a new universe with an Ana's ashes even if it is my own, not because I want to live in it, or rule it, but just out of morbid curiosity of what might happen if we do create one, especially if there is going to be some kind of final battle brewing. It just feels like a good idea to try now more than ever, That's just my main goal right now.

The other thing I can think of is that there are some cycles where the Blind Will uses Logan's body as a beacon to mind control everyone or something. It would be interesting to see what might happen if the queen were to infect Logan if he's in that state, but it is also very risky.

But really, I think what I really want to do is to help you try to accomplish whatever goal you are trying to accomplish, Ana. It seems you have a plan. You don't have to tell us what that plan is, and we don't have to directly help you like we've done before with telling you what to do, but if you'd want our help, maybe you can tell us what we can do to help you right now, Ana.

But whatever goal we choose, I think we were told that every Ana in each cycle always has to end up with figuring out what to do with the fog for some reason... though this time around, there are two Anas that will be figuring out what to do with the fog: you, and Scarred with the parasite queen. Would be interesting to see what happens in that scenario once we reach that bridge.

But for our next move, I don't know, I guess we'll let ourselves be captured by you, then wait for Lorence, and play things by ear at that point.

...

By the way... the whole tying us up, and the Blind Will showing up... Did you knew that would happen, Ana? I can't help but feel this was set up for the Blind Will to make that offer, or force us to give them an offering, especially since they seemed to refer to you as Ana instead of Mr. Toothpick...
Not that I'm upset, or mad or anything if you did set that up, nor do I feel betrayed, Ana. You have your own reasons, and I'm just curious
>>
No. 995909 ID: e66f29

(Scarred uses lay on hands healing herself for 10 out of 50 points, her hands and feet close and her wounds heal)

Only thing I have planned is pretty much this, protect you, protect myself, say goodbye to Logan one last time if I can. Speaking of which I’d rather not infect the man who was my husband and I definitely want to prevent that from happening. So I guess maybe it might be an idea to see if I can swing him around to us. Maybe see if I can get my old crew together and find a way to break this damn cycle. These are all just hypotheticals at the moment, my primary objectives haven’t changed.

Also no offense Fortune, but that’s pretty grim. If your gonna do something at least do it with a purpose beyond curiosity.
>>
No. 996167 ID: 9f1e2b

Purpose? I dont really need one, but I guess it could be either to give spirit parasite a home for her species to thrive in, or make this new universe a refuge for people living in this universe to escape to, or maybe even use this new universe as a new universe to imprison Andrew in or something since this one is falling apart, and start a new cycle there, a universe more fit to handle the cycle since this universe and its Inhabitants clearly cant.

But mainly, i want to create a new universe to see if i can create something good out of a world so corrupt.
>>
No. 996206 ID: 612369

>>996167
That is something I can respect, but I also think we should try to fix what we can here should we not be able to do that.
>>
No. 996273 ID: d63ea8

Disciple of Marks,
Seeker of Truth,
There is something missed...

Both hands bled more and more,
And were carefully hidden from view.

This is not a place to speak.
The ichor may still flow.

Disciple,
It may seek your wounds.

Take in the area around,
Then leave the ground.
It cannot fly.
>>
No. 996477 ID: 9d8674
File 161857916912.jpg - (2.60MB , 2896x2848 , Divergent 63.jpg )
996477

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nozJHtuautU&ab_channel=EqualVisionRecords
>>
No. 996494 ID: e51896

I guess the reason why i want to create one was because the Mad Creator said it was possible to do so with the ashes of an Ana, and it seems like a accomplishment to achieve that will have very little interference with the Blind Will and Root's war. And if this will be the final battle, then this might be our only chance to create a new world

But...

It seems like I'm the only person who wants to do that and people think I'm either weird or stupid to want to try to do that idea... I dont know, if everyone truly doesn't want me to do that, and is actively trying to persuade me not to then... *sigh* I'll give up on that dream. I just wish there was someone out there that can support my idea. I really just want to accomplish something in this world instead of being a screwup... and if I can't do that idea, them I really don't have a purpose here do I?

I mean, it isnt like my goal is going to interfere with what is going on between the blind will and Root, and not going to hurt anyone this time around, right?

If you truly see us as a liability or nuisances, Ana, then I suppose we wont join Lorence either and just become a lone wolf in this world, surviving all on our lonesome without friends to support us. That way, you wont have to worry about being associated with us if we had join the same team as yours, or worry about getting in our crossfire.

But I think the weird thing is that even though you no longer want to be associated with us, you're still keeping us tied up here instead of letting us go our seperate ways... im wondering, what is it do you want us to do now, Ana?
>>
No. 996550 ID: ff3e5b

Well you dont have to answer. Our life probably isnt your concern. And vice versa.

Despite that, im curious, is that fire just for nostalgia sake for camping, or does that fire you continually burn have to do with the bodyguard Fire of Hate? I know she requires people to have a deep respect for flames, and doesn't like them being extinguished. Would it be safe to assume she is your bodyguard?

No, you dont need one with your immortality...

Maybe...

Is Fire of Hate... the girlfriend you mentioned having? If so... way to go, Ana! Woot!
>>
No. 996555 ID: 91f0be

>>996550
Inner thoughts: Eh, she can do better. I suspect if she is Fire of Hate just sees her as kindling.

That is where you and I differ, Fortune. She may not care about my life but I care about hers very much. And damn, I need to get back in the swing of my magic.
>>
No. 996982 ID: d63ea8

*The presence creeps closer to the fire.*
________ Ana,
Thoughtful Ana.

The Disciple is incapable of inaction,
And now with a physical agent,
The Disciple will assert control over the surroundings.

She will haunt you like a specter,
For she is far too stubborn to leave.


The world contrives to keep you in the spotlight.
The strings of the striped beast show this.

But you are correct,
________ Ana,
Sentimental Ana.
There is value in remembering the little things.
Little happy things.
Little simple things.
Little anchors that keep one grounded.
And stop the winds of despair from ripping all joy away.

Cherish them.
Let none take them away.
>>
No. 996986 ID: e51896

Sorry for jumping to conclusions. You dont have to tell us about your personal life, Ana. Jumping to conclusions got us into a lot of trouble.

I know what my goals are, and im not going to stop to achieve building a new world despite what people say, though not if the ends justify the means of course. You did tell me to do that after all before we seperated: believe in myself, no matter what others say otherwise, never stop believing in myself.
>>
No. 996997 ID: f3eb46

>>996986
Well I’m down to help you with that, it’s definitely a noble goal. You gonna help me protect Ana?
>>
No. 996999 ID: e51896

>>996997
Love to, though I'm not going to force myself back into her life if she does not want our help.
>>
No. 997034 ID: 612369

>>996997
Fair, my plan to protect her actually involves acting more like a shadow to her. Staying mostly out of her way, say nothing unless she has something to say to us, point out things she has missed if we can and only when appropriate. Basically fill in the roll that WC would have had. How does that sound?
>>
No. 997065 ID: 47be15
File 161895562703.jpg - (3.86MB , 3508x3361 , Divergent 64.jpg )
997065

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgs9QUtWc3M&ab_channel=AliceDJ
>>
No. 997070 ID: 8bbfaa

>>997065
Inner thoughts: Gods, I just want to punch you. Ana you yourself come across as a spoiled child more than anything. No, that’s not fair, you’re someone who was given to much too fast and didn’t know what the fuck to do. Well, so be it. But man you irritate me.

Still working on it. I certainly don’t expect results right out of the gate, but I am willing to work on it.
>>
No. 997077 ID: d63ea8

The leech is an enigma,
A living contradiction.

It wishes to feed on you,
But also wants to protect you.
It wants to support you,
But also take control.
It hurts you,
Yet says it loves you.


Your reaction is justified.
Warranted.
And correct.
________ Ana,
Puzzled Ana.

If you desire it,
This empty presence will offer silence,
In place of words.

Ask,
And this presence will answer.

*The presence then steps back from Ana and places its hands over its mouth.*
>>
No. 997564 ID: 761a72

>>997077
Who’re you calling “leech,” Echoes?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fYpYlbX8MhY
>>
No. 997629 ID: d63ea8

*The presence tilts its head to the side.*

*Removing one hand from its mouth the presence points at Charred Queen.*
>>
No. 997903 ID: e51896

You asked what would I do to make my goal a reality , Ana? Well, I'm willing to sacrifice my own life for it. That is as far as I would go.

That is why I didn't fight back against Delilah when she shot me, much to Scarred's disagreement and why I asked to get cremated, because it was a way for me to get one of the ingredients needed to create a world according to the Mad Creator said: a Ana's ashes. After I would of become a voice again, I would of guided someone to find my ashes to collect and continue on to finding out how to use my ashes to create one.

but then Spirit Parasite showed up, and since I knew she wouldn't take no for an answer to live again, I instead saw this as a way to maybe try to find answers to creating a world while finding out where your dead body was after Happy tried to explode you so I may cremate it after we thought you exploded, or perhaps play a monster so that someone else could have burned me and collect my ashes that way...

But then you turned out to be alive much to my relief, and Scarred saved Spirit Parasite when she played the bad guy against you and you overcame her. And I know you, scarred, and spirit parasite all have a purpose in living, so I am now stuck at an impasse right now.

Of course, I'm still going to find out how to create a world, but getting the ashes will be much difficult. I'm not going to kill you or scarred to get it, especially since you've now found a purpose to live,
so I suppose the best thing to do would probably... Find a way to get back Dark Future Ana's ashes (the bringer of nightmares as she was called, the one Essence killed) that the mad creator gave it to the investigation team.

But... ugh, it's going to be so difficult to get that back since they're using it as evidence... I suppose I could find a way to contact Dervan and strike a deal with him to get it back to me since my soul is already damned in this cycle... but I know Scarred is really not going to like me asking Dervan to help me get the ashes back...

The other way would be to wait for either scarred, or you to die, Ana, but I'd rather you both live...

Yeah, overall, I'd sacrifice my life to make my goal to create a new world a reality...

In any case... Rosaline is awake. Guess we should talk to her... I can't because she can't hear me.
>>
No. 997984 ID: 47be15
File 161955765122.jpg - (3.08MB , 3508x2548 , Divergent 65.jpg )
997984

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msMf_mUHVRc&ab_channel=90%25Studios
>>
No. 998066 ID: 5f4030

>>997984
*sad sigh*

Look, Toothpick, or Ana or whatever you wanna call yourself. I am disappointed in you, but more than that I’m disappointed in myself. Because what I see in you is someone settles for everything taking the path of least resistance.

Man, I get it, I really do. We all started the same way, working a shit job in some shitty corner store, dealing with finally breaking it off with a shitty boyfriend who got sent to jail for assault and battery because he was a roided out. I get it. What makes me sad about all this is that I am you. I am as much you and as Fortune is. All of shaped by our experiences. Hell you think I wanted to be a hero? Fuck no I didn’t. I wanted to run and hide. I wanted to just survive, but I had people who I trusted and depended on me. So that became my driving force to try and do better, to be better.

I tried to pass on that spark to you, but either I set the flame to be too bright, or you rejected it. It feels like both. I wanted you to be better than I was. I don’t care if you call yourself a hero or whatever, I wanted you do just not make the same mistakes I did. But I can only teach you what I know how to do. And it’s hard to teach when the student is unwilling to learn. I can’t even be angry at you over this. Well, I suppose I am bit more in the reactionary way.

I’m disappointed that it feels as though you are denying me the chance to do better for you, to at least do right by you. Maybe I don’t deserve one, but I’ll give you that choice. Or shit, if you wanna fight me on this, we can have it out and work through this however you want. Like I said, if you reject me, well then what else is there for me? I’ll help Fortune I guess but if that’s all I’m good for, then fuck it, I wish I hadn’t come back from my rest.

Heh. You know it’s funny, I just noticed one thing that seems to connect us all together in some weird and fucked up way. It seems we’re all destined to fail one some levels. The flock that could not work together. Well, I’m still willing to try if you’ll have me. Otherwise... I don’t really know.
>>
No. 998264 ID: f3eb46

>>998066
God damnit, I just... I’m trying to not get mad, I really am. But it’s hard, Ana. Because I just don’t understand. Why? We came so far together, I had such hope for you. I knew you were becoming something greater. Than I was, it was there, it as right there! You had it! But the moment we are separated, you lose all hope? You settle for second best? I don’t understand it, I can’t understand it. You could have been amazing. Hell, if I’m being honest I just took this body to save The Queen’s life because even I saw a hope of redemption in her, I still see it you. But you deny it, you deny us.

I don’t hate you. I love you. I want to see you grow and be better. It’s why this hurts so much. I know you will probably say you don’t want to hear it or just try to shut me up. But I’m trying, I’m trying real hard to convey how I feel to you Ana. Can you please understand me? I need you to listen. My place isn’t here in body, as much as I want it, and as much as I want a chance to to better, I know my time is still over. This is your time, and you can still come back, we can still be something better. We don’t have to settle for what this world is and how others define it. I want to make this world better. I don’t want to run, I don’t want to hide. And I want you to be a part of that world Ana. It was meant to be for you.

I’m sorry, but if this is what you choose, I can’t forgive you. I understand it, but I can’t accept it, I can’t forgive you for it. It hurts so much to say that, but I can’t forgive you if this is what you choose. But it’s still your choice.
>>
No. 998267 ID: 5f4030

>>998264
I guess. Look I only one thing left to say and then I’ll shut up. I know you can be better than I was. And in many ways, you already were better. I know you often compared yourself to me and Fortune, expecting ways that you failed us or couldn’t live up to our expectations. But damnit, you already had done more than I had. Everytime you were merciful and showed kindness to someone you were already doing better than I was. Despite everything, mercy was the one thing I tried to teach you the most about, because I had so little in my own life. A hero is just what someone is called when the word “murderer” isn’t good enough to describe them any more. Everytime you chose mercy, I could not have been prouder of you. Because that in of itself was defying the order of this world. I’m looking at an example of this right now. Rosaliné, had you decided to kill her back in the fight, you two wouldn’t be friends. If anything, I’m jealous of that. I don’t have any, at least not many I feel who would stick their necks out for me anymore. I just, I want you to know before you choose, that I already was so proud of you, because in my eyes you not only had potential to be better than me, you already were better. And that why this hurts so much.

Alright, that’s about all I have to say, I guess for what’s worth, I’m sorry I called you a failure earlier. That wasn’t fair.
>>
No. 998521 ID: d63ea8

*The presence removes the hands from its mouth.*
A fitting question,
But one that is difficult to digest...

Nevertheless,
Such minor aches are worth your favor,
________ Ana,
Inquisitive Ana.

*The presence reaches a hand into the air, draws it to its mouth, then swallows.*

Such a burning question,
It sears the insides of this form.


*It then sits, legs curled up in front of it.*

Heat akin to a crucible...
This presence might prove too frail to contain it.


*The presence begins to shudder.*
>>
No. 998522 ID: 612369

>>998521
You alright?
>>
No. 998525 ID: d63ea8

*The presence starts to shake more violently.*
>>
No. 998527 ID: 612369

>>998525
Uhh... shit. *takes a few steps back* I don't know if I have anything for this...
>>
No. 998616 ID: d63ea8

*The presence's chest spasms and then its body grows still.*

The reaction is complete.
Now to sift through what remains.

>>
No. 998617 ID: d63ea8

*The presence stands.*
The answer you seek has three faces,
________ Ana,
Patient Ana.

They layer over one another,
Akin to masks covering other masks.

The first is the Puppet Master,
One who watches from above the stage,
And pulls the strings of its playthings.
And you,
________ Ana,
Purposeful Ana,
Are the star of its show.

The mask beneath that is one of an Director,
Giving prompts,
Giving notes,
Giving aid.
It believes itself to be an ally,
And through its direction,
You will achieve your 'purpose.'
There are those nearby,
Who wish to control you much the same.


Finally,
Beneath both of those,
There is the mask of the Fool.
For it is truly helping you,
By accident.
Providing you,
________ Ana,
Willful Ana,
With the necessary spirit.
You make your own choices.
Your defiance,
Against it,
And others,
Have molded you into what you are now.

One who watches,
One who endures,
And one who will engage things on her own terms.

But there might be...
A personal touch too...

You have met this individual,
Without their masks.
>>
No. 998636 ID: 761a72

>>998617
Implying we know who they are... Or have met them before, unaware they were Happy.

And seriously, are you okay? The answer was cool and all, but I’d rather not have you explode when asked difficult questions.
>>
No. 998644 ID: d63ea8

This presence holds no pain,
If that is your concern,
Disciple of Marks.
>>
No. 998965 ID: e51896

Scarred, I know how you are feeling. It is hard to lose a friend that we traveled so long with. But I do not want you to think you failed Ana or she failed you. In fact, I think we've accomplished something with Ana.

We helped her grow to make decisions on her own. When we began our journey with her, she couldn't decide for herself on what to do and would always rely on us for help. Towards the end of our journey with her, she began to be more vocal on what she wanted, and even started coming up with ideas on her own that we didnt think about to save herself, like that moment with that topless bird lady when she amputated her horn, or with that tentacle monster from earlier.

Really Scarred, I think Ana outgrew us and is ready to take on life all on her own.

And yes, she still had a lot of growing to do, but ot doesn't involve us. Her growth now is one of self growth, and I feel like we'd just interfere if we continued to tag along with her.

But I will say this, just because she foesnt want to join up with us does not mean she isnt a hero. She can still be one, just not the type of hero you'd want her to be. It depends on what Ana wants to do with her life. And personally, after seeing her actions recently, I know she eill go on to do great things without us, even if she doesnt realize it.

So yeah, just be proud of her accomplishments, let her live her life the way she wants it, and focus on helping spirit parasite this time. She needs your help more than Ana now. Use this opportunity to prove Ana wrong about how you'll be the death of Spirit Parasite by showing how much you've grown as a person from your experience traveling with Ana, by guiding spirit parasite. No guarantees, but that could be one way you can earn Ana's respect of you, by successfully guiding Spirit Paradite queen.
>>
No. 998994 ID: 47be15
File 162023846274.jpg - (3.30MB , 3508x2667 , Divergent 66.jpg )
998994

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODK4S2uVo_0&ab_channel=jasoneatscake
>>
No. 998995 ID: 612369

>>998994
*nods*

I can work with this.
>>
No. 998998 ID: d63ea8

Your words of praise are rich and rewarding.
This empty presence eats them eagerly,
And offers simple thanks in return.
________ Ana,
Kind Ana.
>>
No. 999722 ID: 8517f3

I'll just say personally, the thing I want to do, start my own world, doesn't involve trying to confront anyone as much as I can, as I do not want to put a big target on us for everyone to shoot at, and keep as much attention away from us as possinle. sadly I personally can't feel too enthusiastic about trying to save this world, but if you are going to do this, then I'll do what I can to support, and wont stop Ana, parasite, or Scarred.

If I may, I want to suggest a few other things... for one, Scarred, I want you to support Ana on any decision she decides to make, and don't force her into doing anything she doesn't want to do or think of her as stupid, or dissapointing in whatever decision she decides to take. Towards the end of our journey with her previously, I felt disturbed that we were forcing her into doing things when she pleaded with us to want to do another thing with her life, like when she wanted to escape with Dervan previously and you wouldn't let her. It made me feel terrible, like we were acting like Essence when she forced us into paths we didn't want to take. This time around, if Ana wants to do something, consider letting her no matter how much it hurts. You can explain to her as to why what she wants to do might be a bad idea, but if she is adament about her decision, just let her make her decision. The one thing I want to do is encourage Ana to continue making her own decisions in her life, both good and bad. This is her life she is living, not yours. Remember, your fused with the queen now, so you should put more of your focus on protecting her.

The only other thing I wish to request is that if either Ana dies during this journey, or the Queen dies, I want one of you to cremate the dead body so that we can have an Ana's ashes to create a world with. Ideally, I want to try to get back the Ana's ashes that the investigation team has as evidence, and would prefer neither of you die for your ashes, but if death happens to one of you, that is the only thing I request.

The only other thing I can think of: each Ana's journey at some point comes to a point where they have to decide what to do with the fog. Since there are two Ana's in this particular cycle, I want you both to think of what rammifications this may have, and what you both want to decide for the fog. Granted we dont know what that decision is, but just be ready.
>>
No. 999855 ID: 47be15
File 162082756172.jpg - (2.21MB , 3508x2136 , Divergent 67.jpg )
999855

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyx8DMlUAQ4&ab_channel=Mili
>>
No. 999857 ID: e51896

Quite the enigma...

yeah, lets use that name, Enigma

So the Mad creator got released from the investigation team then? Weird. I just assume they'd kept him locked up. But yeah, he's the guy he told me about this world creation thing in the first place. Guess I'll be looking for him then to at least have a talking to, and see what I would even have to deal to make that happen before considering using his advice or not.
>>
No. 999869 ID: d63ea8

This empty presence has no name to offer...
Save for the one given to it.

If 'Echo' is the name you wish,
Disciple of Marks,
Then you may take it.
>>
No. 999885 ID: 612369

>>999869
Nah, that’s your name big guy.

>>999857
That’s not bad, but I don’t know, it reminds me too much of the riddler from Batman.... You know, I was more trying to think of a name befitting a queen as well as some how incorporating “enigma” and I came up with one.

Emma Genevieve Artemesia. Enigma is an anagram of the full name. So what do you think?
>>
No. 999890 ID: 503577

Another idea could be "Paradox" because her existence doesn't make sense.
>>
No. 999906 ID: 5f4030

>>999890
Uh, I don’t think so. That almost sounds like an insult when you put it like that.
>>
No. 999952 ID: e51896

Sorry, i didnt mean it as an insult, more like, her existense making no sense makes her unique, as there wasn't anything like this in previous cycles, which could lead this cycle into an outcome not seen before.
>>
No. 1000012 ID: 612369

>>999952
Perhaps ‘Pandora” might be better then.
>>
No. 1000259 ID: 715a80

Pandora sounds good...

Queen, which nickname do you like, or do you have a name idea?
>>
No. 1000371 ID: 47be15
File 162112761927.jpg - (3.63MB , 3508x3289 , Divergent 68.jpg )
1000371

This is practically the end of this part of the chapter, I hope that this was a more uplifting ending of the story so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK4TWXWEKAQ&ab_channel=taia777
>>
No. 1000373 ID: 03cbe8

>>1000371
In as much as I have a life, Pandora, I will too. And Rosaline, I owe you an apology. You're cool in my book.
>>
No. 1000729 ID: e51896

*puts her hand on top of the others*
>>
No. 1000775 ID: d63ea8

*The presence watches silently.*
>>
No. 1000873 ID: 9fc89f

>>1000775
You in this too bud? Cuz what I’m seeing here, it’s a new word for you.

“Alliance.”
>>
No. 1001027 ID: d63ea8

If that is the word this presence is offered,
Then that will be the word this presence will take.

*The presence adds its hand to the pile.*
>>
No. 1001057 ID: 5329cf

>>1001027
Well I’m gonna give you one more.

“friend.”
>>
No. 1001132 ID: 47be15
File 162152428396.jpg - (663.50KB , 1529x1124 , Divergent 69.jpg )
1001132

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyWe_U4amuk&ab_channel=Mattimus
>>
No. 1001133 ID: 47be15
Audio FORGIVE_AND_FORGET.mp3 - (3.50MB , FORGIVE AND FORGET.mp3 )
1001133

>>
No. 1001134 ID: 47be15
File 162152457054.jpg - (497.85KB , 1486x921 , Divergent 70.jpg )
1001134

This was more of a joke update, whatever you post I will not make an update in the story for it. But you are free to discuss what would be the best solution for that problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-KwYX2u8e4&ab_channel=YuricINC.YuricINC.
>>
No. 1001136 ID: 5f4030

>>1001134
I got you.

>Scarred casts Altar Self, making the tattoo disappear.

The mark and the magic it gives me is still there but now it can’t be seen. If push comes to shove maybe me and Fortune can do a swap in-swap out kind of deal.
>>
No. 1001473 ID: 47be15
File 162174564857.jpg - (1.19MB , 2668x3125 , Divergent 72.jpg )
1001473

Finally, we arrived at the epilogue of this part of the story. After this, there will be a short intermission and then we return to the investigation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B4JeXFzd68&ab_channel=Soundtrack1234567891
>>
No. 1001474 ID: 47be15
File 162174569807.jpg - (238.21KB , 2338x731 , Divergent 73.jpg )
1001474

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEWAQdgJ8uY&ab_channel=ZanaVenom
>>
No. 1001480 ID: e51896

I have plenty of time. I'm listening.
>>
No. 1001486 ID: f3eb46

>>1001474
*Sigh* Alright.
>>
No. 1001539 ID: d9a59f

>>1001486
Also, maybe it’s the history geek in me coming out, but did you know the Titanic actually shot up signal flares and fireworks that were seen by a nearby boat? Normally these would have been used to signal for help, but some incompetents on the other ship just thought they were having a party.
>>
No. 1001608 ID: 47be15
File 162186653591.jpg - (1.90MB , 3508x2775 , Divergent 74.jpg )
1001608

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjYzE95o90M&ab_channel=CadanceCadance
>>
No. 1001618 ID: e51896

The hunter cooked the rabbit, and it was still conscious all through that as well...

but the rabbit healed inside the hunter's stomach since the Tortoise promised he'd heal from any wound no matter how severe, and messed with the hunter's insides. Poor hunter didn't even knew what hit him.

Either that, or he just got digested and was still conscious all through it, and the Rabbit would have probably became a conscious literal piece of shit

moral: even if you are immortal, you can still be in danger
>>
No. 1001624 ID: 5f4030

>>1001618
Yeah that was my take a away too. Being immortal doesn’t mean your free from life’s pain. If anything, being immortal just means you will suffer through more pain in life.
>>
No. 1001699 ID: 47be15
File 162195054137.jpg - (1.12MB , 3508x1859 , Divergent 75.jpg )
1001699

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEeINudl7sY&ab_channel=CadanceCadance
>>
No. 1001703 ID: e51896

A pretty good fable. Will have to look up who the author is.
>>
No. 1001728 ID: 5f4030

>>1001703
Ehhh, not particularly, it’s not a story I’d tell kids any time soon. I’ll stick to Aesop’s version of the tortoise and the hare if it’s all the same.
>>
No. 1001801 ID: 47be15
File 162203183090.jpg - (654.82KB , 3084x1595 , Divergent 76.jpg )
1001801

Poltergeist Ethanoic Acid if you choose to remove your mask you are free to show me how you imagined your character to look or simply describe his features, that can work as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5CVsCnxyXg
>>
No. 1001823 ID: d05489

With all due respect, I apologize, but unfortunately, removal of my mask will result with a conflict of interest with one of the things Penelope from the Smiling Sinners ordered: stripping off my mask anywhere except my own room will be seen as sacrilegious in the Smiling Sinners' eyes and will result with Penny getting angry with me and having her entire group punish me, and I am not so much into BDSM, not my kink. So I'd rather not take that risk, I know my limits.

Penelope told me the Smiling sinners are already pretty angry with Anthony keeping his mask off in public everywhere as is, but can't really do anything about it because of his high position in the ranks as Root's prophetic artist.
I however can't get away with that with my lower rank.
>>
No. 1001844 ID: f23235

>>1001823
Euuggh, don’t remind me. She comes across to me as horny for torture. She actually tried to whip me once but due to my status had let me go. I’ve never forgotten her saying she was upset because of “how much she needs this.” I think she’s just using her own position to force her kink on people, and I will endlessly kink shame her for it.

As for the mask thing, either do it or don’t. I have no issue with it.
>>
No. 1001918 ID: 47be15
File 162213753711.jpg - (828.74KB , 3508x1407 , Divergent 77.jpg )
1001918

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qisu7y0Huss
>>
No. 1001960 ID: f23235
File 162216931022.jpg - (721.14KB , 1175x2732 , 1575E2E5-403E-4B62-9BE5-60CF4F9E95DD.jpg )
1001960

>>1001918
Yeah yeah, here you go. And honestly, I’ve stopped being really that affected by people’s appearance. Strange and unusual people are just par for the course. I’d rather judge people by the strength of morality and character.
>>
No. 1002423 ID: 47be15
File 162263989747.jpg - (1.47MB , 3508x2919 , Divergent 78.jpg )
1002423

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gdLc0l7gkk&ab_channel=anisonicanisonic
>>
No. 1002424 ID: d63ea8

"You do know that one of the benefits of stealing these pictures is rubbing it in Anthony's face later on."

"Something that is ruined when you pass the picture over right in front of him."

"Not even ten second into our meeting and you're already disappointing me."

*Dervan looks over to Nathaniel*
"Oh look, the gimp is here too."
>>
No. 1002439 ID: 5f4030

>>1002424
Wow, you’re rude as fuck, don’t insult my friends. And what do you mean “stealing” the picture. He asked me to make it for him and I agreed. If it came to you either way, what difference does it make how it got here?

Also Spikey, I hope you see the hypocrisy in your whole argument against Feasance. Saying I’m working with someone who isn’t human and can’t be trusted. You’re working with a walking wine-opener who openly talks about stealing stuff from me. Pot meet kettle buddy.

So, are we done here?
>>
No. 1002440 ID: d63ea8

>>1002439
"My deepest apologies. Let me correct my statement."

*Dervan glances back over to Nathaniel*
"Oh look, the submissive is here as well."

"But back to matter at hand, I feel like you wouldn't have given this drawing your best effort if it was made out to me. Not that I'm besmirching your skill and creativity as an artist, but you do tend to fall into gluts of animosity."
>>
No. 1002446 ID: 5f4030

>>1002440
Given who you’re working with, no. I don’t think I would have. And given the circumstances, I’d say the only thing you’ve earned is my animosity.

And you’re still rude as fuck, and I think I can add “gaslighting” to that tally as well. So, yeah. Fuck you.
>>
No. 1002447 ID: d63ea8

>>1002446
"Come now, I'm trying to be diplomatic, aren't you one for fresh starts and new beginnings?"
>>
No. 1002448 ID: 5f4030

>>1002447
Not with your crowd. Somethings I don’t forget, and I certainly don’t forgive. Are we done here?
>>
No. 1002501 ID: e51896

Anthony, thanks for defending me, but honestly, I'm an adult. I can handle a few insults.

hm. I actually have something to say... Anthony, I kind of see Spikey as something as kind of like a king's jester, one that is harsh, insulting, and annoying, but brings up really good points to help a king rule their kingdom better by saying things the king's citizens would be too scared to say to their face.

And well... what I may say might severely disappoint you, Feasance and Anthony, but I think we should have trust in Spikey. For one, he wanted to introduce his boss, even ignoring strict orders to steal your picture, Anthony, and instead asking you for it which is a more honest way of doing things...

I mean, he even did warn you about a ghost dog haunting you, if you remember...

And that whole gift thing he gave you... I kind of want you to think about one thing to yourself... why did he give you that gift if it wasn't to help you. and if you didn't decide to give it to me, what moment do you think Spikey wanted you to use it for that could have helped you or someone else if I didn't have it, and you had it instead?

I mean, I'm not saying you shouldn't agree with all of Spikey's actions and what he stands for, but I think we should at least allow some trust between us and him... The world is full of weirdos anyway to the point of it being normal now.

The question about Feasance though... I believe he does bring up some important valid points. For one, she kind of just inserted herself into our lives... and what was it that she wanted Cleo to do, and why?

And of course that mask... Your right, Anthony, she shouldn't have a good reason not to remove it. I have a good reason not to remove mine, but Feasance could because of her position as the Carpenter's daughter... If its scars, or a monster behind it, it wouldn't really surprise us considering how we saw how the rest of the world is... Spikey did reveal who is employer was, its only fair she revealed her face as payment...
>>
No. 1002504 ID: 5f4030

>>1002501
You bring up some good points, however the thing is, while I do believe Spikey may do things that help us, no one does anything around here for the good others and the sake of their happiness the lives of others. It’s either for some crazy idea and beliefs, or for themselves. I want to hold people to a higher standard than that. No exceptions.

As for Feasence showing her face, I honestly don’t care but there is something I do care about. What is it she wanted Cleo to do? If it is something that could result in her getting hurt, then I don’t think I could forgive that.
>>
No. 1002517 ID: 47be15
File 162273035909.jpg - (2.02MB , 3508x1761 , Divergent 79.jpg )
1002517

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdUaG3UXfm4&ab_channel=LookkariLookkari
>>
No. 1002520 ID: d63ea8

"I'll let it slide this time Spikey. Just take this as a lesson on making assumptions."

"Besides, Anthony may be obstinate and rude, but it is our job as mediators to be better than that."

"And yes, my meeting hadn't gone as I had hoped, but I'm sure we'll be able to handle Anthony's eccentricities."

"Though as for your sister Spikey-"

*Dervan reaches into his pocket, produces a business card, and tosses it over.*
"-I am more that willing to lend out my consulting services when it comes to all things otherworldly and extradimensional. It's a complete freak show out there!"
>>
No. 1002535 ID: 5f4030

>>1002520
I wouldn’t take it if I were you.

Yeah Spikey, I did want to meet him. Your boss would be an indication of your own allegiances. It would have saved us a lot of trouble if you were just told me who it was though, because here’s the issue, while DerVan himself isn’t the worst option for a boss, I don’t like him at all. But I can work around it, despite my eccentricities and despite his many facades.

And by the I don’t owe anyone my best side. It’s not eccentricities, it just brutal honesty. Sorry not sorry.
>>
No. 1002679 ID: e51896

Hmm... refresh my memory, did you ever draw her, Anthony?

And also, as far as wearing a mask because you feel you don't belong is concerned... If you want my opinion, I don't think anybody belongs in this world... it feels like it was made to make us suffer, and has a standard of making normacy the new freak while freak is the new normal, so it shouldnt be a problem if you're too worried you don't belong and we'd see you as a monster if it is appearance you are worried about...
i guess the real concern with that in mind is that because we don't know what is under the mask, we won't know for sure if you are someone who had a reputation of being sinister or doing bad things that had harmed us in some way in the past, or working for someone really sinister and you want to hide your identity from us because kf that... either that, or your not Ms. Feasance at all, but someone disguised as her trying to fish for information...

and if you're someone who has hurt us in the past, and want forgiveness but are too afraid to ask and instead created a new identity to live a new life, worried you might reveal your identity that you are someone who had hurt us then, why not ask for forgiveness?

Also, Anthony, I'll just say that it probably isn't a good idea to view everyone as pure good or pure bad, and see things in only black and white. Otherwise you'd hold everyone in too high of a standard. Everyone i've found have their reasons to act the way they do, and well, with the state of how everything is, maybe we should try to look for the good in people instead of focusing on just the bad... yeah? Nobody here is a saint. I honestly can get behind the never forget attitude you said you have, but understand that I don't follow that "never forgive" mindset...
>>
No. 1002756 ID: 47be15
File 162298578501.jpg - (2.30MB , 3508x2060 , Divergent 80.jpg )
1002756

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvX-8wedbA8&ab_channel=TwoFeathers
>>
No. 1002780 ID: c41d93

>>1002756
*eye roll* the only ugly thing I see is how one sibling treats another.

Inner thoughts: And as for looking like demon he looks more like a Victorian caricature of a fool in some penny dreadful play.
>>
No. 1003047 ID: e51896

I'll just give you this warning to consider then: The harsh reality is that with the state of things in this world currently, life doesn't care if you're not ready for something, nor if you need time to come to terms with things in order to feel comfortable doing something... do you think that people outside of our group were ready when the fog just suddenly appeared and took many lives for example?

I'll just say that whatever goals you want to pursue, especially whether it be to confront someone, or gain power, you better consider that there will be a lot of moments where you won't have any time to prepare when something unexpectedly terrible happens, sometimes in rapid succession, and you'd be forced to be taken out of your comfort zone during all those times.

Get a stronger resolve, that is my advice to you, Ms. Feasance... Take of that what you will.
>>
No. 1003092 ID: d63ea8

My dear employee is correct, these horns are fake and the demonic appearance is a bit of an act, but I assure you it is for my client's benefit.

If I just approached them with regular suit and tie then they might underestimate the wider scope of the dimensions around them. To bargain with me is to bargain with power. A power that transcends their world, and I as a broker don't judge my clients.

If I say... dressed myself up as an angel, then people would dismiss me for being sanctimonious. It'd be bad for business.

I am here to offer my services, regardless of my client's background or motives, and to give them my support without the need for moralistic judgements.

*DerVan gives a nod to Ms. Feasance.*

And of course, if you wanted to try your hand at greener pastures then I'm sure that we can come to some form of arrangement. I have been toying with the idea of entering the travel agent business.
>>
No. 1003094 ID: 5f4030

>>1003092
Heh. You know now that I think about it, we actually had a pretty good deal. Your employee gave me something in a rather… Unorthodox method, but I consider it a pretty good trade all things considered. That is unless you can verify what he gave me as the real deal in exchange for my services. Mind giving me a written and signed document verifying the deal? Think of it like writing a receipt, don’t want false goods and all.
>>
No. 1003155 ID: 47be15
File 162341497945.jpg - (2.46MB , 3508x2015 , Divergent 81.jpg )
1003155

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoyLLCnHR6w&ab_channel=Drag%C3%96unMusic
>>
No. 1003239 ID: e51896

Hm... If Anthony or ms feasance is not going to take the card, then I guess I will ask if I can have one, please.

So in what ways were you responsible for what happened to this world, feasance? I should also mention that there are people out there who actually feel the fog had actually saved their lives, so trying to better the world in one way like you want might actually be seen as destroying it in another person's eyes. Keep that in mind.

And Spikey, why do you think she can't change her ways? in what ways can she redeem herself in your eyes... without involving her killing herself of course?
>>
No. 1003437 ID: cb5572

>>1003239
I'm interested in this too. I'd like to know what really created all this animosity to begin with. I know you two are the children of the Carpenter, I actually did a portrait of him a while ago, Feasance I know you're a teacher, and Spikey you just kinda do your thing... But I don't really know that much about why you guys do what you do.
>>
No. 1003467 ID: d63ea8

A resolute choice Ms. Fearance, but feel free to contact me if you do change your mind.

And of course Nathaniel, I am more than willing to extend my services to you as well.

*Dervan flicks another card through the portal.*
>>
No. 1003567 ID: 47be15
File 162397130153.jpg - (2.18MB , 2480x2868 , Divergent 82.jpg )
1003567

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjcS4lV-LMA&ab_channel=jatzyjatzy
>>
No. 1003568 ID: c41d93

>>1003567
*sees her go down*
HOLY HELL!! HELP ME GET HER ON HER SIDE NATHANIEL!

Jesus H. Christ man, I’m not worried about seeing her face at the moment and the way you implied that feels like it would be some kind of sexual assault! If this was that triggering where it brings her to having a damn seizure who cares about her face?
>>
No. 1004228 ID: e51896

Hmm... I am going to be blunt, but I really don't have faith in her if she is going to faint like that especially if she plans on trying to save this world. Honestly, unless she can learn to keep a level head, she is going to lose her life. Right now, I see her as weak. again, I apologize for being blunt, but sometimes, the truth hurts. She needs to get stronger, there's no question about it...

And I'll be lying if I said I didn't want to remove her mask right now, because right now, I am really curious. Honestly, if we really want to know what is really going on behind the scenes with the acolytes of the ash tree who are higher up in the ranks like Lorence, or the Carpenter, and if you really desire to take them down, Anthony, then removing her mask and revealing the truth might be the only opportunity to find out what they had in store for her and maybe get her the help she needs...

I would try to remove the mask myself, if only to see what our superiors are keeping secret from us, but I just know you're going to stop me, so I won't do it unless you change your mind Anthony. But just know that sometimes it's better to do something you'll regret now but gain something out of it than to regret it later when it is too late.

...

like this matter with Dervan. Well, what I want from Dervan might seem pretty bland and boring in comparison to what others would want to make a deal with the devil with... Rightfully so since people tend to find me boring. But what I want isn't even for me to begin with, but moreso for Anthony.

what I desire is nothing more than the ashes of an Ana. From what Anthony and I was told, Ana was killed, gunned down by several bullets, and then cremated in this timeline.

I remember Anthony telling me all about her in his dreams pretty much every day to the point where it became an annoyance. And while I really could care less about Ana as I don't know her, I do know that ever since Anthony heard she died, Anthony was never the same again emotionally. He's traumatized.

He wanted to hold a funeral for her, but never got the chance to because he never got access to her body to give her a proper sendoff. So I would like to request you, Dervan, to transfer to me Ana's ashes directly to me so that I may give it to Anthony in the future, if only to give him closure on that chapter in his life. If for whatever reason you can't get this timeline's Ana's ashes, then any other Ana's ashes from another timeline will do.

But I believe with your services you take great pride in, I have faith you will accomplish this one simple task for me without issues, correct?
>>
No. 1004232 ID: f1e7f7

>>1004228

Fuck you man, that’s cold. Look I appreciate the help, I do. But I don’t want you helping me out of some sense of pity for me, or because I’m “traumatized.” Everyone handles grief and trauma differently, I’m still coping, and what happened when I get emotionally scared or vulnerable, I see things okay? It’s kind of like schizophrenia, and it’s why I got withered Ace, Victoria, she helps keep me grounded.

Look here’s the deal. For me, Ana was an example of how a person should be, especially in times like this. Right now, I’m not focused on what my “enemies” are doing, I don’t want to have enemies. All I’m concerned about is Feasance and her own well being. When I learned Ana died, it hurt a lot because it was like someone who I looked up to had just vanished, and by the sound of things she caved in the end, because it was just too much. But what if she had help? Could it have been any different? Just knowing that there was someone willing to help her when she needed it? Why is no one willing to do the right thing anymore? Why is everyone choosing to be a one-man island? Everyone just wants to take for them and theirs. I’ve seen what happens when others just stop taking each other for granted, and actually swallow their pride. Amazing things happen, heroic things. Nathaniel, I know you’re capable of those kinds of small miracles, you showed it to me when I was suffering, Ana did the same for others too she tried so damn hard to for it, why is this moment any different?

Is walling yourself off supposed to make you stronger? Or more emotionally mature? Or does it just make you more numb? People have had enough suffering, enough for a thousand lifetimes. When can we start healing?

So Nathaniel I put it to you then, is it better to earn someone’s trust to where they would show you what you want to learn, out of their own free will? Or do you go behind their back and just take it? I’m not thinking out of necessity, I’m thinking, what is the good and right thing to do here?
>>
No. 1004554 ID: d63ea8

"Of course my dear Nathaniel, such a task is easily within my capabilities, in fact..."

*Dervan pulls out a sealed urn.*

"I happen to have those ashes on me right now. I was planning on delivering this to a gaggle of idiots I am overseeing, but I think you can put these remains to better use then they ever could."

*Dervan holds out the urn to Nathaniel.*

"We can discuss payment at a later date, unfortunately my schedule is requiring me to be elsewhere soon. But I'm sure you'll be good for it if I extend this as a line of credit. Take it as a sign of good faith."
>>
No. 1004602 ID: 47be15
File 162510596442.jpg - (1.53MB , 2980x1760 , Divergent 83.jpg )
1004602

First of all, let's all give a rousing applause to Door who portrayed DeRvan. You even manage to give me a couple of curved balls while playing that character and I hope you had fun being in the role of him in the first place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6qrzYDIr4o&ab_channel=jatzy
>>
No. 1004622 ID: e51896

The thing about me, Anthony, good and bad are two sides of the same coin, and I try to balance those two sides with what I do. I realize that while we should strive to do the right thing, sometimes, there are moments where one is reuqired to have to do something evil. There is such a thing as being too good, just as there is such a thing as being too evil. But overall, we shouldn't try to have our actions dictate or label who we are. Despite everything I do, I know who I am, and I'm still the same person deep down.

Which is why I had to be harsh there with my opinions of Ms. Feasance. While I'll respect your wishes not to remove her mask, my opinions remain the same: If she wants to save this world, She needs to learn to cope with her inner demons, or else she will not survive out there if she is just going to faint easily like that, which is why at this moment, I would not trust her with my life.

...

Thank you for the ashes, Spikey. Wish I could have thanked Dervan, but I understand he was busy. I will for now keep it somewhere safe and secure.

Though I must say, Anthony, please do not tell Ms. Feasance that I got you Ana's ashes. I know you highly respect Ana, but from what I heard, Feasance actually doesn't share your opinion. She actually despises Ana from what I heard, as well as the voices she follows, and whoever Essence is. Letting her know you and I have Ana's ashes is not going bode well. Which is why after we talk about Lorence and his heart here, I'm going to leave with the ashes before Ms. Feasance wakes back up so she doesn't inquire about the ashes I'm holding.

Please proceed with the discussion of Lorence and his heart, Spikey.
>>
No. 1004659 ID: 5f4030

>>1004622
*shudders and cringes at the name of Essence*

I know who she is. We've... Met.

*grumble* did not want to stick my dick anywhere near that crazy bitch *grumble*

Ughh... *shudder in disgust*

Yeah okay let's get on with this.
>>
No. 1004713 ID: 47be15
File 162523473446.jpg - (2.01MB , 3508x1763 , Divergent 84.jpg )
1004713

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1WAA1lQ6vQ
>>
No. 1004723 ID: 5f4030

>>1004713
*looks at the doll in disgust.*

Yeah she came to once and tried to seduce me, literally ripping my clothes off. I ran away pretty much naked and with my tattered clothes covering my junk. Never been so embarrassed ever, ended up running right by Delilah trying to escape who yelled "Where you streaking off to pretty boy!" So yeah, I got cat-called into damn near being sexually assaulted. Also, you do know she's dead right?

As for Lorrence, I figured it wouldn't be that easy as just taking a knife to the heart. All that would do is make him vulnerable. Any ideas where we should start looking?
>>
No. 1004756 ID: 47be15
File 162531510616.jpg - (2.22MB , 3508x1967 , Divergent 85.jpg )
1004756

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjMWPTtFf70
>>
No. 1004778 ID: 5f4030

>>1004756
...

I want to be someone who does the right thing. Someone who isn't afraid of the dark, and someone who stands against the idea of what this cult believes, that being human is a flaw, or that everyone is bad so you might as well take as much as you can, that you look out for yourself first.

I've never believed that crap. Basically, all I want to is to be a good man in a world gone mad.
>>
No. 1004928 ID: 47be15
File 162557444887.jpg - (2.10MB , 3102x2346 , Divergent 86.jpg )
1004928

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVdEPPtdLKY&ab_channel=SuperPaltos23
>>
No. 1004951 ID: bc9acc

>>1004928
Actually despite acting creepy he actually hasn’t done anything here. He DID threaten to blow me up a while ago but given that I’m starting to get a feeling of this guys M.O. I suspect it was just some kind of unfunny joke. I still haven’t forgotten that one, Spikey and it still wasn’t funny. Get better material. So the only thing you could get him on is threats and possibly assault but even then I don’t want to press charges. I don’t like Spikey, but this is unnecessary at this time.

This is how you be a good man, you be honest and keep your word. And maybe forgive an enemy if you can.
>>
No. 1004952 ID: bc9acc

>>1004951
Tell you what though, let’s just clear the air. Why the hell do you two want each other dead? This is just creating more bad blood, we’re talking this out now. Because I’m willing to bet money that if I help Spikey, Feasance will feel betrayed, and vice versa. I’m not doing that. We’re having this out now. Why is there so much bad blood? We’re talking this out.
>>
No. 1005014 ID: 47be15
File 162566851562.jpg - (2.40MB , 3508x2097 , Divergent 87.jpg )
1005014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMH_NqYUwxU
>>
No. 1005018 ID: 5fd914

>>1005014
I accept.

And actually no, she came to me. If anything I just consider her a friend. In order to get closer to Godfrey and everyone, all I had to do was pretty much exactly what I’m doing now with you and her, just be myself and be honest. I went to them and we just became friends. I was really looking for people who I had believed could qualify as human. It’s the same reason I let you go, I think there’s more to you than let on, and I want to help heal that rift between you and your sister. I just don’t want to see either of you dead, especially by each other’s hands
>>
No. 1005203 ID: 47be15
File 162584583749.jpg - (2.31MB , 3425x2609 , Divergent 88.jpg )
1005203

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3fwy92svjU&ab_channel=juancarloscervantesrenteria
>>
No. 1005204 ID: 47be15
File 162584602514.jpg - (859.24KB , 1242x895 , Divergent 89.jpg )
1005204

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A50wfWIGBXo&ab_channel=Xenowar

I am sorry for not having the time to finish the update for the next part of this chapter. But to make one thing clear this is the continuation of the investigation and all characters that come with it.
>>
No. 1005251 ID: 47be15
File 162591360435.jpg - (561.63KB , 2209x662 , Divergent 90.jpg )
1005251

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWLddKv1Etc
>>
No. 1005274 ID: 5f4030

>>1005251
I suppose “unimpressed” might be a better term, as well as irritated with some of our… “colleagues” on this investigation team.
>>
No. 1005276 ID: e51896

Admittedly, getting a whole bunch of vaccinations before traveling to this place was kind of an unpleasant experience, but necessary to not catch diseases from other agents from other universes. And I'm still trying to process the fact that I am actually so far away from the universe where my god resides, but other than that, my destined path lead me here with a responsibility to fulfill and I will accept it.
>>
No. 1005366 ID: d63ea8

Inner Thoughts: Discard the subtext of Corax's statement, it's likely directed and Dervan more than anyone else. Focus on your composure.

*Threshold sighs and squares his shoulders.*

Inner Thoughts: There is still a small chance that Larry's questions are meant to test your current conviction, especially since there was likely a report filed due to Dervan's conduct. This could be an attempt at damage control. Be honest, but do not be too open.

"The fact that there are other dimension does not bother me in the slightest. Due to the station of my family, I was given... lessons... before being assigned to this team."

Inner Thoughts: And those were only building upon the ones father had already ingrained into your life. Agree with the overt elements of Corax's statement, let his words mask your true thoughts.

"As Corax put it, there has been issues of conduct in regards to some of the team. But if such elements were ironed out, I certainly see our performance improving as a result."

*Threshold then folds his hands behind his back.*
>>
No. 1005404 ID: 47be15
File 162608793046.jpg - (3.20MB , 3508x2991 , Divergent 91.jpg )
1005404

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBYDMydrIr8&ab_channel=7clouds
>>
No. 1005439 ID: 5f4030

>>1005404
Funny, I thought you looked like some kind of fop and a dandy, as everyone around here does. You however, excel at bad fashion taste, especially with that ugly hat. And if we’re really judging based on appearances, you’d be better off with the mask than our newest companion here. Also your nose is quite red now that I look at it. Been snorting illegal substances? Or perhaps it’s from blushing at having your face in the pillow as you bite it, perhaps that’s it, a pillow biter. Nothing wrong with that of course, my cousin is one of them.

Honestly, if you’re going to just come in here and insult me based on appearance, try harder. I’ve dealt with too much of this nonsense from others already, and I don’t need it from you either.
>>
No. 1005465 ID: d63ea8

Inner Thoughts: Intercede, now.

"C-corax please. That isn't -uh- how we a-are meant to speak to -um- new colleagues."

Inner Thoughts: Appeal to reason, otherwise Corax will push back.

"You and -uh- Mr. Peregrine were s-selected for this investigation due to the -um- skills and perspectives you both bring to the -er- table. If M-mr. Triumphant has hand selected another partner for us to -um- work with t-then they must trust in the fact that it was for a -uh- good reason."

Inner Thoughts: Paint it as a misunderstanding, have it be no one's fault.

"I'm sure our new -er- investigator here meant no harm with their -uh- statement. It could -um- easily b-be an issue with the -uh- translator."

Inner Thoughts: That isn't true, but lean into it. Draw the conversation back to the exercise. This is a discussion on perception and appearances.

"O-our investigation may -uh- take us to places were others might judge purely on -um- appearance. And -er- depending on what we add or -uh- remove..."

*Threshold gives a nod towards Larry before continuing:*

"... we might be s-seen as someone or -uh- something different."

Inner Thoughts: And Corax doesn't give off the most friendly -or even stable- aura. And the new investigator might have picked up on that.

*Threshold fidgets.*

Inner Thoughts: This provocation may have been a test of Corax's defenses, and he failed. Remain attentive, but try to smooth this over nonetheless.

"Perhaps -uh- more formal introductions are in order."

*Moving towards the figure on the couch Threshold extends a hand.*

"My name is -um- Threshold Glorious, it is good to make your acquaintance."
>>
No. 1005472 ID: 5fd914

>>1005465
Of course, sir. *nods respectfully and goes over to a tea tray*

Would you like a cup, sir? I feel I would appreciate one.
>>
No. 1005538 ID: d63ea8

*Threshold nods.*

"-uh- y-yes please."

Inner Thoughts: And like that he's back to being curt and restrained. Your initial guess at military training may have been an accurate one. Whenever you exercise authority Corax responds with 'sir.' Might be something to add to your notes later. Right now you need to answer Larry's question. If you fail to respond he may draw his own conclusions, and they might end up more accurate that you would prefer.

*Turning his head over to Larry, Threshold says:*

Inner Thoughts: Be vague. A lie will get caught and a half-truth will get picked at.

"It is a -er- interesting experience, seeing all of these -uh- people of v-various shapes--um I mean- various walks of life. Most people have been upfront w-with their -er- thoughts and f-feelings so... I haven't really noticed the -uh- mask issue."

Inner Thoughts: Not the wisest statement to end on, but not a lie either. It's true that you haven't given much thought to 'permanently wearing a mask,' but that's because you have already worn one all your life. Honesty is a weakness, and every weakness is a tool for someone else to exploit. Dad was sure to hammer that into you. Every perceivable flaw must be filed down until it's a mirror's sheen. Otherwise you'll get eaten alive. Move to the next question, put the focus on him so he might miss your comment.

"A-as for your mask -um- Larry. I'd say that the smile is -er- fitting. You seem l-like a kind person, and I'd think even a f-fake could reflect that."

Inner Thoughts: A bit of a hollow compliment, but it is something you hope to be true. Though, the smile does serve a more practical purpose. A blank mask would have you infer emotion onto it, and such assumptions might make you miss more subtle details, better to have a fake smile that might clash with Larry's words or actions, you should be able to parse the inconsistencies. Also keep Corax in your peripherals. It's unlikely that he'd do anything to the tea, but... better to cautious than surprised.
>>
No. 1005542 ID: 5fd914

>>1005538
Milk and sugar, sir?
>>
No. 1005557 ID: d63ea8

Inner Thoughts: Is he trying to probe at your background? Probably not, disregard that thought.

"N-no thank you."
>>
No. 1005588 ID: 5fd914

>>1005557
Very good sir. One for you Peregrine? *preps two cups one with sugar and one with out.*

Here you are sir.
>>
No. 1005596 ID: e51896

Appreciated, but no thanks, we're on the clock. I'll have tea time later.

To answer your question, i feel there is a reason why we are required to have our faces look like tools and objects to other people. So i accept it as a necessity which influences and pushes us towards what our purpose in our life is, and where we will be in the end of our life.

And you can keep the mask on if you want, or remove it. Do whatever you like.
>>
No. 1005599 ID: 5fd914

>>1005596
*sips tea*
I am of the same mind as my colleague. It matters not what you look like in the end. We came here to complete a task set to us. The appearance of the team assembled shouldn’t matter. Right? *stares at the spork man with narrowed eyes before turning away, bored.*
>>
No. 1005607 ID: 47be15
File 162635838328.jpg - (2.45MB , 3508x1954 , Divergent 92.jpg )
1005607

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ278At1wlI
>>
No. 1005610 ID: d63ea8

Inner Thoughts: Play the diplomat, recontextualize both of their words in a way that both parties find agreeable. Breathe first.

*Threshold takes a slow breath and blows on his tea.*

Inner Thoughts: There. Now, show that this as an issue or timing, rather than personality.

"Thank you Ms. Algich for you're openness, and I apologize for our team's lukewarm reception. Unfortunately Mr. Glasshrauder was one the first figures we encountered during our investigation and has left us a little wary of new faces."

Inner Thoughts: Now focus on the merits.

"As you say, Mr. Corax did put himself in harm's way to protect the person we were interviewing, and was -uh- b-badly injured as a result. Seeing as he had r-received those injuries from our direct superior, it is understandable that he'd have a more -um- muted view of the world."

Inner Thoughts: A white lie. It's far more likely that Corax's worldview stems from a far worse encounter. You saw him stabbed, beaten, shocked and drugged; Corax didn't even bat an eye. No amount of 'training' can prepare you for that, so that only leaves a few other options... Move to his willingness to adapt.

"I'm sure that once we get the chance to work alongside one another things should smooth out. I humbly ask for your patience and understanding Ms. Algich as we move forward."

*He takes a sip of the tea and winces.*

Inner Thoughts: Erg. Bitter.
>>
No. 1005611 ID: d63ea8

Inner Thoughts: Set the tone for the discussion, avoid criticism, even of Dervan for now. As their evaluator anything you say could be seen as open season for the others, and that would reflect poorly on both your conduct and your position of authority within the group.

*Threshold turns to Larry.*

"I think we have the foundations of a good team. Mr. Peregrine has shown himself to diplomatic, a team player, and very knowledgeable in a variety of fields. When forced to work on his own Mr. Peregrine quickly established a rapport with our subject and was able to pull a number of strong leads from the subject. As for Mr. Corax, he demonstrated the ability to remain focus and level-headed under even the most strained of conditions. His more-"

Inner Thoughts: Practical.

"-practical perspective of the world of the allows him to see past the tactics other might employ against him. Beyond that he is quite resolute in his station -and as seen- is more than willing to put himself at risk in the defense of others."

Inner Thoughts: A bit flowery, but it should do. It's not an accurate reflection of the notes you've taken, but you need to tread carefully around Algich, she's far more perceptive than her first impression would let on.

"Unfortunately I have not had the chance to meet with Mr. Triumphant face to face, but going off of reputation he seems to be a very accomplished investigator in his own right."

Inner Thoughts: He was able to meet with father without scheduling an appointment months in advance. Meaning he's a big deal.

"And seeing as we are still being acquainted with Ms. Algich, I'm not sure if I'll able to offer much commentary beyond my eagerness to work with her."

Inner Thoughts: Now for the hard part. Weigh each word before speaking.

"Mr. Glasshrauder had an... unorthodox way of communicating with the team-"

Inner Thoughts: Sidestep the incidents, defer to the reports.

"-and I'm sure that the report from both the stenographer and on-sight d-doctor would provide a more complete view of what transpired."

Inner Thoughts: And now for the conclusion.

*Threshold clears his throat.*

"Regardless, I believe due to the actions that each of us took the team has gotten stronger overall,-

Inner Thoughts: Truth.

"-we've gotten a better understanding of how each of us operate as a group,-"

Inner Thoughts: Mostly true.

"and that we've fostered a great deal of trust with one another."

*He then takes another sip of tea.*

Inner Thoughts: Lie, but that's not anything on them. 'Trust' requires you to understand what action each of them will take provided the correct stimuli, your still in the initial mapping of their profiles, those gaps in your notes will lead to unpredictability. You will have to correct this as soon as you are able.
>>
No. 1005650 ID: 5fd914

>>1005607
Hahaha! Not so much a fop, but a thespian, I’m impressed. Though I would advise you to mind your tongue good lady. You may find it gets you in worse trouble than with someone who would merely enjoy an engagement in harsh banter. And really, a children’s cancer ward? I wasn’t aware one was around; a cute answer, but I suspect it is merely smudged makeup. And given your answer, I would not be surprised if you had a background in theater. Nevertheless, I am interested to see what you can bring to the table, madam.

As for my compatriots here, Mr. Glorious and Agent Peregrine, I have only respect. Peregrine is succinct and matter of fact in his deductions, to which I am most grateful. He has shown himself to be good man of faith, but such does not get in the way of his duties.

Mr. Glorious here, though perhaps a bit green has a well seasoned mind in reading emotions and people’s character. It can be perhaps misguided at times but such is only telling a lack of experience. That in of itself is not however a bad thing, only that when he gets it all down, he will be a force to be reckoned with. I respect him as our chosen leader for this assignment and am confident in his abilities as such.

As for our superiors, I have mixed feelings about them.

Triumphant is a determined man, and I believe he does his best with the choices he is given. His choice of companions is… Bizzare, but to each his own. I trust him as a competent man of action and belief. If there was one man I’d put on top to do the right thing, it would be him.

Dervan on the other hand… *Sips tea before setting it down and pulling out a small hand written notebook* This is an account of all his multiple misconducts I and my compatriots have seen during our time spent before and during the investigation and interrogation of our newest staff member. Such infractions include *opens note book and clears throat*
- multiple accounts of fraud and dissent
- interrupting an officer in/during the line of duty
- assault and battery of an officer in/during the line of duty
- attempted 1st degree murder
- attempted murder/assault and battery of a suspect while in custody

Understand, this is not personal, sir. As much as I detest him entirely, my personal feelings do not matter. This is merely part of my duty as officer and investigator of this department to see that our efforts come to a successful conclusion. If he seeks to undermine and disrupt our efforts further, I ask that he be disciplined, removed from office, and any and all criminal charges pressed immediately. I am aware of his legal status may keep him from an arrest but enough that his time spent with court proceedings will keep him away from our investigation.
>>
No. 1006087 ID: e51896

I find Dervan to be harsh, but fair. I respect him and I think he is important to the team with his mind games on our opponents. I dont share the same thoughts as Corax on Dervan and would rather not have Dervan reprimanded. He has his own way of getting things done effectively.

Triumphant I havent worked much with Triumphant yet, but he seems to have a handle of things, anf already have ideas. I look forward to working with them in the future.

Corax... kind of a loose canon, but I feel he can get the job done with his bravery.

Threshold is good mannered, and seems to have a lot on his mind, since I see him thinking a lot. Could be very good to have someone like him think logically in a lot of thing.
>>
No. 1006097 ID: d63ea8

*Threshold quietly sips his tea.*

Inner Thoughts: Something about Corax's words seems to make your skin crawl. Your not sure how to describe it. Maybe it's the force behind his laugh, or how his words seem entirely alien to what you've seen thus far. Is this just a side of him you haven't seen yet?

*Threshold glances at Corax, but then quickly goes back to staring at the floor.*

Inner Thoughts: No. Not even remotely, that underlying edge of raw... that danger is still present. This isn't so much a wolf in sheep's clothing as it is a wolf wearing a sheep's skin. It's as though there is a disconnect within him that- discard that thought for now, speculation without a proper foundation will lead to wrong conclusions, work on what is observable. The pointed language is still there, though Corax has put in effort to make it more 'civilized,' likely for your sake, but the effect still comes across as uncanny to you.

Corax: "Mr. Glorious here, though perhaps a bit green has a well seasoned mind in reading emotions and people’s character. It can be perhaps misguided at times but such is only telling a lack of experience. That in of itself is not however a bad thing..."

Inner Thoughts: You seemed to have gained Corax's respect, whether you keep it or not remains to be seen. While he does note your lack of experience, he does not underestimate you. But it may be more in his nature to not underestimate anyone. His compliments is not empty, which is good, but unlike Peregrine you still haven't fully gained his trust. Or at least the amount of trust he is usually willing to give.

Corax: "Understand, this is not personal, sir. As much as I detest him entirely, my personal feelings do not matter. This is merely part of my duty as officer and investigator of this..."

Inner Thoughts: Not a direct lie, but not entirely honest either. There is an undercurrent to Corax's actions. This is a personal matter, Dervan saw to that, but it is... unlikely that Corax act on a personal vendetta, his discipline wouldn't allow it. He wants to do this buy the book, but you think that if Dervan were to endanger the integrity of the investigation, Corax might take matters into his own hands.

Peregrine: "I find Dervan to be harsh, but fair. I respect him and I think he is important to the team with his mind games on our opponents. I don't share the same thoughts as Corax on Dervan and would rather not have Dervan reprimanded..."

Inner Thoughts: Peregrine isn't just being polite like you are, he does believe what he is saying. You can't help but think of the words he said previously:

'Threshold, when I read through the case files, and was told about the mission we are going to head into, it made me realize that this mission is going to require everything we've got and all our endurance. The stabbing isn't just about dominance over us, it is about taking a job that we are going to need to bleed for and even sacrifice for in order to succeed, one which if we are not careful could destroy our spirits. A mission in which is required to get our hands dirty for.'

He sees Dervan's action as tests, or more accurately, trials. There is always a spiritual element to his words and actions. You're not sure if this is a post-event rationalization or-


Peregrine: "Threshold is good mannered, and seems to have a lot on his mind, since I see him thinking a lot. Could be very good to have someone like him think logically in a lot of thing."

*Threshold looks up and gives a sheepish smile.*

Inner Thoughts: Your not in the interrogation room anymore, you need to keep up outward appearances. Of the two Peregrine is the more likely to get a good read on you. Engage in the conversation, maintain eye-contact, wear the mask.

*The smile broadens.*

"T-thank you, Mr. Peregrine. I will -uh- try to help as best I can."
>>
No. 1006099 ID: 47be15
File 162688259647.jpg - (3.88MB , 3508x4404 , Divergent 93.jpg )
1006099

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uXu6I5z0-0&ab_channel=%E6%97%A5%E6%9C%AC%E4%B8%80%E3%83%81%E3%83%A3%E3%83%B3%E3%83%8D%E3%83%AB
>>
No. 1006107 ID: 5f4030

>>1006099
Again madam, such words you banter with me. Words that in the ear of the wrong person, may imply great bodily harm. And as for my mother, *eye roll* bless her poor old withering heart to have to bury her only son.
*smiles like someone who’s just won a hand at poker* and I knew you had a theater background. The play’s the thing, and here we all are walking in shadows, poor players that struts and frets our hour upon the stage and then is heard no more.

*sips tea*

And as for the idea throwing a chair at dart board, an apt metaphor to be sure.

Inner thoughts: I’d like to follow the rules as planned but when results are needed, I am there to act.

I’m glad Mr. Dynamo places such trust in you. I believe I can also trust you in not leading our golden boy here astray, yes?

Now, if I may enquire, what is to be done about Dervan. I do
not share the idea that he is a man worth of respect,
Inner thoughts: I’ve yet to meet a single lawyer who is. In fact…
I understand that Dervan himself is a lawyer by trade, to my own knowledge, working pro Bono is something they rarely ever do, mostly out of a sense of civic or moral duty. Regardless, I’m curious, does he represent a single client in this organization? Or more the organization as a whole? With all due respect to those in the legal profession, usually their job is to keep those guilty of committing crimes from ever seeing justice. Hence why his impediment of our investigations do not seem more as trials or tests, and more him trying to keep us from doing our duty.
>>
No. 1006123 ID: d63ea8

*Threshold pauses momentarily when the name Dino Dynamo is brought up.*

Inner Thoughts: Don't freeze.

*He sips more of his tea.*

Inner Thoughts: Still, that is... worrisome. It seems that Dad read the report and decided to give you a minder. The stenographer must've caught the fact that you were muttering to yourself like an asylum patient. Such conduct would 'unbecoming' of the office...

"..."

Inner Thoughts: That or he wants you to send a report covertly. Or you've failed to meet expectations. Or he's having another affair. Probe lightly, keep in the conversation.

"I-" *ahem* "I -um- imagine you were p-picked for this position for more than just your -uh- categorization skills Ms. Algich. As shown with you're -er- a-analogy you are quite skilled in discerning both motive and potential action, even from brief conversation and secondhand accounts."

Inner Thoughts: You still need to maintain authority in this engagement. Correct her theory, assert yourself.

"Though while it has been r-rather accurate, I'd say that there is one issue with your construction of the d-dart tournament. Mr. Corax isn't the sort of person to throw a chair in place of darts. No, I would s-say an individual like Mr. Corax would have an assortment of darts on his person, each with its own weight and size, and that he would pick the one that best suited his current needs. Be that a bullseye or breaking the target in half."

Inner Thoughts: While Corax appears to be inhumanly brutish, he isn't a blunt instrument. He is forceful, but that power can channeled through the swing of a sledgehammer or the point of a chisel. Ensure there are no hard feelings, be conciliatory.

"But again I m-must say that the rest of your display is-"

Inner Thoughts: Beautifully.

"-beautifully presented, quite solid, and I certainly w-welcome any more insights you wish to bring."

Inner Thoughts: Hold off on any comment regarding Dervan for now. See what Peregrine offers in response. Also make note of Corax's family life, they could hint at some requirement of self-reliance, or perhaps something else.
>>
No. 1006125 ID: e51896

I will say that his agency, Maverick Law Agency is a sponsorship of a group I'm a part of, which significantly helped our group's growth back home, and we're grateful for that.

But, haaaaah, that shouldn't be the only thing I should respect him for lest I be biased... My interpretation of him is he is someone who follows an end justifying the means ideology, as long as he gets the results we need to solve the case.

And, well, from what I hear, this case is going to be a pretty intense case in a world full of cruelty in which we've never experienced before, and is going to test our endurance mentally and physically. Dervan's harsh treatments is most likely a stepping stone to that and what is going to be needed for solving the case.

I feel if we can't handle his harsh ways of doing things, we ourselves won't be prepared for what is to come. his harsh treatment of Corax for example did help immensely in intimidating the prisoner we were interrogating after all, and him wanting to kill her was just something he was required to do from orders from the higher ups at the time... Just business and him following orders. forgive me if that sounded uncaring. I guess in a way, he's like a drill Sargent: harsh but fair in getting us to toughen us up with his intense treatment of us... a drill sargent taken up to 11, but required for the case we are about to go into.

It is part of my belief that everyone is destined to be here for a reason, Dervan included. I would request that we do not get him written up or reprimanded at this time and just try to see the good in him. In fact, I can't help but feel our adversaries is expecting us to try to get him written up or kicked off the team for some reason... just a hunch. Probably best to let the issue be and let Dervan do his thing.

Honestly, we shouldn't worry about how Dervan will treat us, but rather, our concerns should focus more on how the case itself will treat and possibly change us.

I'll end by saying that we are in a different investigation organization, this one does not follow the same rules of morality we are accustomed to back at home.
>>
No. 1006126 ID: 3e7c34

>>1006125
Hmm. You use an interesting term, one I have heard many a time. “Just following orders.” A classic excuse to be sure, but one that does not hold up under scrutiny. And think about this if you will, say he was under orders. This means it was his position to treat us as such and impede the investigation. It makes me wonder, had Zirzam not arrived, would his orders have changed?

Alternatively it may have been Zirzam himself who issued those orders, then called it off. However, I suspect it was some one directly below him. It’s only a theory after all. And having worked directly with drill sergeants, stabbing and otherwise attempting lethally harm your subordinates is a good way to get court marshaled. Hitting and harsh language is acceptable, but never extremely lethal force outside of sanctioned live-fire training.

I do think he had two motives in fact. One was to test us, and by extension, see how we will act during the course of our duty. The second was in fact to do as I have suggested, get rid of us, discourage us from continuing. Which then implies that our culprit is in fact, someone within our organization.
>>
No. 1006207 ID: 47be15
File 162705795606.jpg - (1.81MB , 3508x1550 , Divergent 94.jpg )
1006207

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy1DC_Hi8ag&ab_channel=SpikeOkami
>>
No. 1006208 ID: 47be15
File 162705806798.jpg - (5.08MB , 3508x4427 , Divergent 95.jpg )
1006208

This was my abrupt response because I will have to leave my town for a couple of weeks and this is what I came up with within a short period of time. Just to let you have something to do while I won't be able to post. I am not sure if while I am outside of my town if I will be able to use my photoshop but I will see. This is the best I can do for the little time that I have before I go on my trip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj8MsbgpjaQ&ab_channel=Gamemasternumberone
>>
No. 1006210 ID: 5f4030

>>1006208
inner thoughts: How intriguing…

*presses button* Of course sir, I am ready to begin whenever you are
>>
No. 1006217 ID: 7687fc

(Presses button)
>>
No. 1006220 ID: d63ea8

"O-of course. I will do my -uh- best to advise the a-agents."

Inner Thoughts: This is bad. Dervan is looking for leverage on the case so he can't be removed from it. Worse yet by being the one to 'bring in' these -voices??- he may be able to elevate himself into a higher and more entrenched position in the investigation. He's also created a situation were you're isolated from the others, without them as a base of support it will be much harder to put up any resistance.

*Threshold crosses his arms in order to keep his hands from shaking.*

Inner Thoughts: You need to calm down. Triumphant has already shown that he's keeping tabs on the situation, if Dervan gets violent with you he and the other agents will know. But your best defense is to play along and not make yourself a target like Corax. Throw yourself into the exercise, make yourself indispensable. Breathe first.

"M-mr." *sigh* "Mr. Glasshrauder, may I borrow that file? Any information in regards to their psychological profiles or personalities would help in creating a more effective line of questioning."

Inner Thoughts: Back down if he gives any resistance. Use the communicator, hide the fact that you were contacted.

*Threshold activates the communicator and says:*

"Testing, one two three. Mr. Corax, Mr. Peregrine, can you hear me alright?"
>>
No. 1006228 ID: 669448

>>1006220
Loud and clear sir. Ready to begin.

*presses the button*

Hello? Pardon the interruption madam, is this the being known as “Fortune Ana” I have the pleasure of speaking to?
>>
No. 1006259 ID: 47be15
File 162713852962.jpg - (2.45MB , 2788x2750 , Divergent 96.jpg )
1006259

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQBVAfLwDa8&ab_channel=T.L.B.Orchestration
>>
No. 1006274 ID: 3e7c34

>>1006259
Inner thoughts: If there is one thing I cannot stand it’s department politics at play and it interfering with my job. Triumphant, I may have overly judged you. If someone is guilty of a crime they should be punished. But, this notion? Gods? Absolution? I have no idea what any of that means. Finding that out was not my job description. I’m here to bring a criminal to justice and Dervan once again poking his head in where it doesn’t belong, this feels like he wants us chasing a red herring. Well, we’ll just see where this takes us.

Greetings to you, Fortune Ana. My name is “Corax” and you may refer to me as such for the sake of this call. I represent an organization known as the “Dimensional Tribunal.” I believe you and some of my associates here have already been aquatinted. And some of my investigative colleagues are looking into a case concerning one “Happy the Tragedy Phantom,” and believe you may aid us in our efforts. Understand this is not an interrogation, think of this more as a interview.
>>
No. 1006275 ID: d63ea8

Inner Thoughts: So the file likely contains blackmail or convincing fabrications, though Dervan did drop that note about lying so it could easily be an empty folder. In either case the supposed contents therein will likely be more about the others than yourself. Still, be cautious and apologetic. Maintain your composure, he's still being diplomatic with you, which is a good sign.

"My apologies sir, I did not mean to pry into your personal logs."

*Threshold looks to the rooms where the two agents sit.*

Inner Thoughts: Dervan has spent a lot of time planning this scenario, and has already preempted Triumphant's interference, you worry that Corax may not be subtle enough to direct the questioning. You will have to side with Dervan in any altercation and possibly be the one to strike out against any perceived resistance. But you will have to be careful not to incriminate yourself, that'll just give Dervan the leverage he needs.

"We'll get to the bottom of this Mr. Glasshrauder."
>>
No. 1006526 ID: e05aa9

Where am I and why I can't feel my whole body!? What is going on, is this, you Lorence?! Is this how you will be giving me the medicine?!

Note from the narrator

This whole incident could have been avoided if somebody would have started talking other than the parasite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-KwYX2u8e4
>>
No. 1006545 ID: 5f4030

>>1006526
Woah woah calm down. This is actually kind of my normal in a way. You’re still alive Pandora something’s happened that’s disconnected us from the body. It’s okay though, we’re gonna be-



That man has a pool bridge for a head. I think I know who we are working with. Sup’ billiards man? I don’t know what’s going on but I’d appreciate it if you can send us back?
>>
No. 1006614 ID: 7687fc

this part is Agent Peregrine

Ah, excellent, a connection! Forgive me for not saying anything, but I thought it'd be polite if you had the first say. And really, it's suprising to hear disembodied voices because really, if one is hearing voices it means they've gone insane. Call me Agent Peregrine, am investigator sent to investigate the criminal know as Happy the Tragedy Phantom.

And we could send you back if you wanted... but I think it would be in you and your friend Pandora's best interests to allow me to pick your brains in your assistances with the investigation of the criminal known as Happy who has been harassing you.

Ah, but in any case, lets get the formalities out of the way, and I can help you with your Happy problem with a series of questions. But first, Please both give your names, ages, and occupations.

----------------------------------
this part is Fortune Ana

I must apologize ahead of time and say that considering all the shit I've witnessed, I already know this isn't going to be a normal interview and I'm going to expect the worst that this "interview" is going to go off the rails like everything else that happened to us and see this as an interrogation anyway, because lord knows nobody is allowed a break, or a win.

and I'd appreciate it if you didn't lie to make me think of this as an interview by giving me a false sense of security and treat this what it actually is: an interrogation.

So what do you want to know?
>>
No. 1006639 ID: e05aa9
File 162756540792.jpg - (1.19MB , 3185x2482 , Divergent 97.jpg )
1006639

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz23WVH4_hE
>>
No. 1006642 ID: d63ea8

Inner Thoughts: So it seems these 'Anas' are a form of simulacrum. They both have the same voice but their mannerisms differ. This 'Pandora' however sounds different from either of them and may be an entirely different entity, and unlike the Anas, seems unbalanced by the encounter. And even worse Scarred Ana said "disconnected us from the body." This could be the fusion Trumphant was talking about and could lead to a very dangerous line of questioning. Fortunately Dervan seems focused on the Lorence connection and may have missed that tidbit. Lean into that.

"Of course Mr. Glasshrauder, we can use Scarred Ana's concern for Pandora in a way to establish a rapport. Should we try and schedule another interview with Lorence following this one?"

Inner Thoughts: Peregrine has a good initial approach by framing the interview in a formal manner but Scarred could could easily shut down the conversation. You need to give her a reason to be interested in talking.

To Peregrine: ||Wait for their responses and then say that their have already have been a number of interviews and that you're just trying to get the full picture. Perhaps off-handedly remark on how Lorence was uncooperative and that if he is doing anything to coerce Scarred and Pandora, you can help them. If they seem receptive you could follow up by asking what they need.||

Dervan: "As for Fortune Ana, simply inform agent Corax that we need..."

Inner Thoughts: Now for the other one. Fortune Ana seems quite cognizant of her current situation, and will be much harder to have open up. Pleasantries will only serve to alienate her, and outright lies will go far worse. If you wanted information you would dial back the formality and try to humanize Corax before proceeding with questioning, but it looks like Dervan has given you a possible slip-up. If given a leading question Fortune Ana may pick up on its intent and then clam up.

*Threshold nods to Dervan and then fiddles with the communicator.*

To Corax: ||Apologize, state that it wasn't your intention to lie to her. Say that we need to know the full history of the current Ana's cycle and that we already know that she started as a normal person and then changed into something else. Specifically ask if there was someone or something that changed her.||
>>
No. 1006656 ID: 5f4030

Corax

Inner thoughts: Ah, this one is quite clever. She sounds quite world weary, like someone who has had a great burden on them and couldn't quite hack it. This one will be interesting...

I apologize, but I wasn't lying to you. Whether this is interview or interrogation is entirely up to you. I trust however, that you know what you are about, and given what I have called you hear for I suspect this will go smoother than you realize.

I am a detective ma'am, and the reason I have called you hear is we are currently after a criminal whom you might have some insight as to their character; one Happy the Tragedy Phantom. Why must villains and criminals give themselves such ridiculous names I wonder? It's as though they are trying to over inflate their already fragile ego.

I digress, we understand you have had limited encounters with him in the past, we would like more details and his connection with your... More corporeal companion, Ana. I understand you are something of a guardian to her. Cooperation means that Ana might be protected better from Happy and any of his associates. So let us start from the beginning and we can beginning, tell me about Ana, her background, any key notes of interest in her life, why do you think Happy might be interested in her?

-----------------------------------------------
Scarred Ana
...
I've been tortured before and I can recognize thinly veiled threats. "Help us or something bad might happen! it's in your best interest to comply!" The fact that you did it to Pandora really grates on my nerves.

Look, Peregrine, I see you differently, and I mean that literally as in to me you look like you're head is... Whatever, it means you're with the Tribunal guys, yeah? Dervan and Triumphant and the gang? Look i'll help you get Happy, but gods damn would you leave Ana and Pandora alone? They've been through enough. I'll cooperate as best I can if you leave them out of this.

Name, Scarred Ana
Age... Uhh... I guess 34?
Occupation... Soldier? or Guardian? Take your pick.
>>
No. 1006775 ID: e05aa9

I am not a person, but more a crutch in order to let Scarred Ana stand on her own two feet. I already said too much so I will let my other side in talking for me. As for my job, my main goal and only reason for existence are to survive, and previously I dabbled in revenge but I no longer do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7L-iUQ0gxI
>>
No. 1006996 ID: e51896

Agent Peregrine

As far as my "pool bridge" appearance goes, well I've been labeled as lots of things: an avid darts player, a son of one of the best detectives with a lot of expectations thrown at him, a religious person, a cultist, a Smokey pumpkin, a Peregrine, and as you pointed out: a pool bridge. Well just know that I try not to let labels or my actions define who I am... though hypothetical question to ask yourself: do you let your label as "Scarred" define who you are? And if so, are you trying to live up to that name, or try to escape from it and become something else?

Well, anyway, I thank you for deciding to be cooperative in this strange and unusual case. There's been many interviews already in this mystery which we are trying to figure out, and I'm only trying to get the full picture on things. Lorence was one of those interviewees, yet he had been uncooperative. I do believe part of his uncooperative behavior is the fact that he's trying to coerce You and Pandora into doing something you both don't want to do, but keeping a secret from us. Whatever he is trying to coerce you two into, we can help you with that with a similar offer.

And Pandora, I'll respect your right to remain silent, If this is the last we speak, I wish you luck on your future endeavors in and hope the path you chose is a smooth one towards your destined end. But I am really worried about your sickness. I do believe we can cure whatever sickness you may have with Scarred if you wish. we come from a wide range of universes with tools and medicine you can't possibly imagine. I'm sure we have something that ails you.

I'll work on what Fortune ana says later
>>
No. 1007005 ID: e05aa9

>>1006996
Hmm....so what do you think about their offer Scarred Ana. We can avoid to give them any more information or try to make some deal with them. I forfeited my right to choose anything so it is up to you to decide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4DhfT1elvI
>>
No. 1007078 ID: 3e7c34

>>1006996
… Assure us the antidote and I’ll give you Lorence.
>>
No. 1007165 ID: e51896

The weird thing is I don't know much about Ana before I met her at the bus stop and began our journey. It's odd... apparently we were supposed to be spirits that had vast knowledge from helping Anas from previous cycles, but in this cycle, for some reason, all our memories were erased. Best I can tell you is that she is one of the few special people in this world that is not set by a destined path like everyone else in this world and has an ability to change fates in different cycles just like Lorence or Root, all thanks to us voices who lived previous cycles giving her advice really. Too bad every single outcome leads to a dead end though, so really, I see us more of a quirk or feature than a solution...

I think that might be the reason why Happy is so interested in her, really... her special ability to not be tied to a specific fate and actually do different things in each cycle. I think Happy has been manipulating things to force us into making choices that seem like the right answer, but has actually been hurting Ana in the long run, and benefiting him. which was why I made that choice to allow her to become a spirit, a choice no voice should make, but one that I'm felt deep down that Happy would not have expected and would put a dent in whatever plans he had... *sigh* unfortunately, making that choice got Happy so pissed he decided to kidnap Ana's spirit, tear off her limbs, and cause the robot near her to explode... I actually sometimes wonder if Scarred and I being taken to different areas to help different people randomly without our control or consent is actually Happy's doing... I really hope not

Sorry, I need a moment...
>>
No. 1007166 ID: 3e7c34

>>1007165
*furiously takes notes as she speaks*

Please, take all the time you need. I will look into getting you some protection. If Ana is such a prime target for Happy as you say, some kind of protection program might be necessary. It keeps Ana, you, and Scarred safe while also getting us closer to him. As for warping around as you suggest… I will look into it.

Inner thoughts: I have pulled you in to this meeting, much like he might pull you across to various other people. The technology might be similar. How would would he get his hands on it I wonder.
>>
No. 1007171 ID: e51896

>>1007166
Youre too late on that, she's dead. Sorry. Speaking metaphorically, I was waiting for things to stop raining and things to get better for Ana, but she drowned from a flood, and it's still raining.

*gives a long melancholic sigh*
>>
No. 1007187 ID: d63ea8

Inner Thoughts: You note Scarred Ana's specific wording, not that she would cooperate, but that she would 'give you Lorence.' Normally you would try to push on that statement first, but given the circumstances it is better to dismiss it.

*Turning to Dervan:*
"Can we give her the assurance?"

Inner Thoughts: Dervan will either lie or use this situation to further a scheme he has in mind. But right now, that isn't your concern. You need to be deferential.

*Threshold turns his focus to Fortune.*

Inner Thoughts: You note how Fortune speaking about Ana in the present tense rather than the past tense, but disregard it for now. She is just as uncooperative as Scarred, but is trying to give the illusion of compliance. Though, you're sure that she's not being performative, or at least not overly so.

*He crosses his arms, trying to hide the small twitch in his hand.*

Inner Thoughts: You'll need to nudge Corax, witness protection would lead to scrutiny from the Tribunal, and that would lead to a bad outcome for Ana.

To Corax: ||Try to circle away from witness protection, make the cost appear to steep, or that the process would be left in the hands of others.||
>>
No. 1007192 ID: 5f4030

>>1007171
Then consider this a lifeboat in a storm.

Or not, honestly, knowing how things work here it would probably be delegated to someone unqualified. And besides, it’s hard to protect someone when your dramatics make it sound like they wouldn’t want it to begin with.
>>
No. 1007240 ID: 7337b8
File 162816229620.jpg - (1.80MB , 3539x3353 , Divergent 98.jpg )
1007240

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3LeZNlI0Xg
>>
No. 1007344 ID: 5f4030

>>1007240
*overhears the request*
Inner thoughts: Strings of fate? Let's not go leaping in all at once. Ease her into this. Best to build a rapport first.

Consider my offer tabled for now but still open for discussion, we may come back to it later.

Tell me, along with the speculation of Happy's identity and meaning of his name, do you know of who might be working with him now? I understand that people of this strange universe have some very odd abilities. Do you know of anyone that would be working directly with him now, and what they might be capable of?
>>
No. 1007378 ID: d63ea8

Inner Thoughts: You briefly ponder on whether or not there is a grain of truth to Dervan's words. Triumphant is actively undermining this interrogation, and it does seem to be due to an outside influence, even if his motivation is a sympathetic one. You file away that thought for now, more evidence is needed before you could speculate one way or another, ideally from a less biased source. But what of 'Happy the Tragedy Phantom?' Their name is paradoxical by design. You think...

"The are -uh- many possible reasons, though, p-perhaps-"

Inner Thoughts: Breathe.

*Sigh*

"I would guess that is a referential note on their current state of existence. It's self-aggrandizing, as they refer to themselves as a tragic echo burdened by the deeds of the past, yet despite that their are 'soldiering on with high hopes,' or so they would have others to believe. From Fortune Ana's testimony this Happy sees himself as a puppetmaster -or maybe even a director- as he 'sets the scene' for the heroine -likely Ana in this case- to make dramatic choices with unforeseen consequences. And it seems that much like a director, he gets upset if Ana goes 'off-script.' So I suppose to -uh- summarize, Happy is called the tragic phantom because he is a tragic hero who has pitted himself against the 'star of the show.'"

Inner Thoughts: You note that this is all from second-hand knowledge, and would likely fall apart when compared to the genuine figure. But the purpose of the exercise was to supply a plausible reason, not a correct one. Now for his request. You can relay it to the agents in a solid block. Don't command them, just let the statement speak for itself. You're sure of what action each agent will take.

To both agents: ||Mr. Glasshrauder does not want any element of this interrogation to be relayed to his superiors and that he does not wish you to trust his direct superior Mr. Triumphant.||

Inner Thoughts: You keep the last part of the invisible strings to yourself, even though you're quite sure that it's a falsehood relaying it would only have drawbacks. But probing on whether these strings exist or not may still be valuable. Though Dervan's language is to direct.

To Corax: ||Ask if it has always felt like Happy was the one working behind the scenes, or if there have been moments where someone else has been pulling their strings.||

Inner Thoughts: You note Corax's attempt at small talk, it won't be the most effective tactic on Fortune Ana, she may simply disconnect from the conversation, but you keep quiet. Getting more information on Happy is the priority of this investigation, and if it looks like Dervan is trying to direct the agents away from that goal, all the better. Following that reasoning, if you were to relay Dervan's ultimatum as is, your quite sure that you'd get a more hostile reaction from Scarred Ana. Pursue that. Though you wonder how will convey that sentiment without stating it in word. Perhaps...

To Peregrine: ||Scarred Ana and Pandora have two options. First, Pandora reveals who they really are, what sickness they have, and both provide their complete and utter cooperation. Only then will we look for a cure. Second choice is to keep Pandora's identity secret, become a spies, and learn of Lorence's entire plan. A private medical team will be provided and will act as their only form of contact. The process will take longer, but note how is preferential to 'relying on Lorence as their lifeline.'||

Inner Thoughts: Also, have Dervan explain his encounter with the invisible strings. It will be hard to find inconsistencies at first, but you will force him to commit to a narrative. Appear worried as though you are buying into the lie and it's implications.

"W-when was t-this? I-if M-mr. Truimphant is c-compromised, s-shouldn't we m-make a r-report? W-what did t-these s-strings look like?"
>>
No. 1007384 ID: 669448

>>1007378
Inner thoughts: Patience, I am getting to that. I have to ensure I get a response first.
>>
No. 1007556 ID: e51896

Fortune

Right now, all I know is that the Great Constructor, the father of Absolution and Dreamwalker was seen working with Essence, and that there is a second Felafaf running around, so if you see Felafaf, consider she might be a spy or not. there's also Logan's alternate dead universe's daughter who calls herself anubis, TV Head (though he was forced into it and had his mind blown and can be reasoned to get out of it.) Soul Contaminator, some creature called the Will Torturer, Null (though I think he may have been executed by now for betraying Happy, not sure though) The Judge, The Nutcracker, Scalpel, Living Trench Coat, Sniper, Scarlet who's been spying on Anthony's drawings, that nameless topless bird lady... I'm sure there are others, but I am assuming Happy has much much much more allies, I wouldn't be surprised if they amassed an entire army and it isn't just typical gang numbers... I hope I didn't forget anyone but I'm sure I did. But I do know they kidnapped mini absurdity too.

--------------------

Peregrine

>>1007078

Right away. In order to get you the antidote, I'll need to know specifically who Pandora is so I can get a better understanding of what treatment to get her in relationship to things like gender, species, size, etc. Afterwards, as we look into Pandora's cure, as you promised, I'd like you to help us fully to the best of your abilities please.

Though sometimes, maybe your sickness might be too embarrassing to reveal. in which case, an alternative could be that you can keep things about her a secret, but we would like you to act as spies in the Tribunal's investigation team. Your task would be to learn of what Lorence's entire plan is. We'll send a private medical team to fix Pandora up and act as your only form of contact. Granted it will take longer, but preferential to relying on Lorence as your lifeline
>>
No. 1007559 ID: 58ccd0

>>1007556
Corax

Interesting. If you can give descriptions of these beings that would be most helpful. However, I’m curious. Do you feel any of these beings have perhaps the capacity to be their leader? More specifically, be Happy the Tragedy Phantom, or do you think they are just puppets dancing to Happy’s tune, like puppets on strings?
=====================================
Scarred
See, I’d like to take that deal. I really would but there’s a problem in revealing my relationship to Pandora. I’m worried that knowing what she is will make her a target by your organization. The sad thing is, some of your people are the ones who pretty much set the status quo about my universe. So if I were to tell you, I’d need a kind of immunity for her. If you can promise me that and the antidote, you’ve got yourself a deal.
>>
No. 1007669 ID: 224308
File 162871331843.jpg - (1.53MB , 3275x1999 , Divergent 99.jpg )
1007669

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAge_MLcFe0
>>
No. 1007740 ID: d63ea8

Inner Thoughts: Leave it to Peregrine to smooth out an inflexible deal to something that sounds halfway reasonable. The interview is going better than expected, but you will have note that it is in spite of Dervan's instruction rather than because of them. Any more force applied in this direction would only lead others to suspect that you're sabotaging the interview, and that needs to be avoided. You need a moment to strategize. Be hands off with Peregrine, but honest.

To Peregrine: ||Dervan has stepped away and I doubt I have the authority to offer such a guarantee, your call on how to proceed.||

Inner Thoughts: Though you have a niggling suspicion that Dervan is trying to test you, the device could easily be listening in. Best keep up the act of compliance, and try to steer Algich away from interacting with the device.

"I think I might've caught a c-couple of those names Ms. Algich if you didn't get the chance to write them all down."

Inner Thoughts: She's a socialite, good conversation should keep her attention and stop her from getting bored. Have it focus on her experiences.

"Have you been a part of investigation teams before? I-i'm still trying to figure out how we -uh- measure up to the other p-professionals in this field."

Inner Thoughts: Corax is following you notes, best leave him be.
>>
No. 1008297 ID: e51896

Fortune:

*fortune Ana goes on to explain the descriptions of what everyone looks like, even mentioning that some of the ones Dervan already saw during the fight with Essence such as Spirit contaminator, the Judge, The Nutcracker, Scalpel, Living Trench Coat, Sniper*

I forgot to mention Ember, but yeah, Dervan saw her too. And I think they are more Happy's puppets more than being Happy.

Speaking of strings... we have been coming across something weird lately, they're not strings, but tentacles coming out of some kind of skull demon looking thing... the tentacles look black and white... they offered a deal to help Ana to become a voice when she was at her lowest so she can escape this world and the suffering, but when she took the offer, her spirit was kidnapped by Happy, and Happy exploded her...

I really don't think that creature was a part of Happy though, when we asked where Ana went after she became a voice, even they didn't know...

in fact, it sometimes disguises as some kind of ghost balloon looking thing actually gave us a huge clue... a map in a form of a riddle that can help find Happy, claiming he wasn't supposed to reveal their identity, but willing to help through a form of code:

https://questden.org/kusaba/draw/res/32929.html#38859

"Start from the person who messed with the wrong thing.
Follow the trail to the bleeding bone,
go to the leaf and follow that path to the x and then end it with the farthest leaf from the first one.
Return to the other bone, after which you will have to go to the person who knew too much but perceived too little
After that go to the face which is facing no one and connect that to the person who lives a miserable existence. Go to the center of the robe and then find a rude person who never apologized to anyboy. After that go to the fur which is located on the right shoulder and finally return to the place where you started this chase."
...
I've been trying to figure out this riddle for awhile, looking through my memories...

He also said in their own words that the reason why Happy is doing all this is because the state of their mind is fragmented and constantly conflicting with its inner demons. Happy isn't aware of their psychological state, lies to themself and everyone around them. All those elements constructed malice that enveloped this world and corrupted everything. All this is just another horror that keeps continuing and repeating from one dimension to the other...

It's for these reason why I don't think this creature and Happy are working together. If they are, it's trying to betray Happy for its own personal gain.

I hope this helps, detective...

------------------------------------

Agent Peregrine

...

I'm sure we can come to a compromise on that. How about this: I am new to this investigative team, so I am not as well verse of things that are deemed as illegal or not in our organization's eyes. If you cooperate, I can get you the antidote personally myself with the medical team no questions asked. All I need to know if you'll willing to act as a spy or not.
>>
No. 1008298 ID: 1d6266

>>1008297
Corax
*furiously takes notes on everything, and underlines possible connections between the Tribunal and Happy as well as writes down the riddle and the details about the string monster.*
You have been more than helpful, you have perhaps been the best person for this task. If it was in my power to do so, I would see you handsomely rewarded for this service you have done us. I will look into seeing what I may provide for you. May I be so presumptuous as to call you again at a later date? Should you have any new evidence you wish to bring to light in the future, I would be more than happy to accept them.
=============================================
Scarred
… Alright, done. I’d shake your hand if possible but, heh, incorporeal.
>>
No. 1008308 ID: 5fd04e
File 162937214419.jpg - (0.97MB , 1890x1417 , Divergent 100.jpg )
1008308

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpZGT-xx9_Q
>>
No. 1008482 ID: d63ea8

Inner Thoughts: It stands to reason that she would notice some of your tactics being socially adept herself. It's less than ideal, but you could diffuse the situation by being more sincere. At least by having the device yourself you don't have to worry about it pulling your focus.

"I-i apologize Ms. A-algich. It wasn't my intention to -uh- put you on the s-spot."

Inner Thoughts: Breathe, and be honest so that she won't draw her own conclusions.

"..."

"And sorry about the stuttering, its been something I've had to deal with for many years. I just... need to remind myself about the breathing exercises whenever it starts coming back."

Inner Thoughts: You're starting to get sullen, reign it back a bit. Note the agents' performance.

"It looks like they've done really well for themselves, given how short notice this interview was. What are your thoughts Ms. Algich?"

Inner Thoughts: Speaking of short notice, best talk to the agents about the modified timetable. Unfortunately, due to their good performance, and the way in which Dervan left, your sure that he got what he wanted from this interview. Your initial guesses trend towards a public display of efficacy when it comes to this opening discussion, undermining the talk we had with Larry beforehand. At worst he may try to paint a target the team's back. The other investigation teams underestimated your group, that probably won't be the case much longer.

To both Agents: ||Good job, both of you. But it looks like the we're going to be needed elsewhere. Start wrapping up your interviews and we can start heading out.||
>>
No. 1008556 ID: e51896

Don't worry. We can shake Pandora's hands when we meet in person and get the treatment for you. With that, may the path you choose be the most fruitful towards your destiny in the end.
>>
No. 1008568 ID: 6e8ee2

You won't technically be shaking my hand, yeah it will be my flesh but the personality who is going to be in control will be Scarred Ana. I am no longer a person, I don't have any aspirations, motivation, or even the will to do anything. The nickname that my associates gave me is what people give to their pets and I am just going along with it because I don't really care. Thanks for your pretty words even if they sound hollow in my ears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu3WkOrRd04
>>
No. 1008611 ID: 5f4030

>>1008568
You’re talking some mad shit for someone in mental hugging range, Pandora. We can discuss this later if you want. Thanks, we’re gonna head out.
>>
No. 1008622 ID: b6f333

*Closes his notebook*

This has been a most excellent interview, and yes I think that is the appropriate term for this meeting. I wish you luck, Ms. Fortune- *chuckle* forgive the pun, it was not intentional.
*clicks the switch*
>>
No. 1008650 ID: e51896

Just be careful.
>>
No. 1008665 ID: bc7677
File 162980768022.jpg - (1.62MB , 4078x1530 , Divergent 101.jpg )
1008665

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-bCCYocEr0
>>
No. 1008674 ID: d63ea8

Inner Thoughts: Well, that relief was sort lived. Algich is right, the device was given to her not you. You desperately want to create a reason to hold onto it, but the only one that sticks out in your mind is that you don't trust her. Or at least you can't predict what she's going to do with it. But you can't voice that thought.

"Of course, Ms. Algich..."

*Threshold carefully hands the device back over.*

Inner Thoughts: Disclosing your worries about Dervan would only lead to disaster, but you need to find a way to dissuade Algich from pressing it. Speculate aloud, provide evidence from your previous encounter with Dervan.

"It makes me wonder if this is some sort of test Mr. Glassrauder has created for you, since you weren't here for the... -uh- o-other one. It might be something related to patience or managing your curiosity, since the one he had for me -um- was related to 'keeping the agents in line.'"

*Threshold fidgets slightly.*

Inner Thoughts: Now be sincere.

"I'd just be careful with it."
>>
No. 1008711 ID: d827e6
File 162991599189.jpg - (1.59MB , 3022x2088 , Divergent 102.jpg )
1008711

This is just something small to add while waiting for others to post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beMb9dOqzl4
>>
No. 1008726 ID: 5f4030

>>1008711
*narrows his eyes and begins to look around the room for cameras*

Inner thoughts:I definitely heard a woman’s voice in there. My mental state is not so broken that I am to the point of hallucinations. The nature of the beings with “Ana” in their name just got more interesting. However, why this ruse?

Me. Algich, you heard the voices of both beings yes? If this was DerVan’s ploy it either served two goals. One, to seek the nature of the beings known as Scarred and Fortune Ana, or possibly to discredit us. If there was a video footage of this, it may show us as talking to no one and acting quite mad. I think DerVan may be playing both sides, if we start to look good, he can use this as evidence in the case. Or if we do poorly, it may serve as leverage to have us removed and framed as loons. Either way, DerVan is not a team player, he acts in his own best interests, not justice. I cannot vouch for his staying in the investigation.
>>
No. 1008768 ID: d63ea8

*Threshold lets out an exasperated sigh when Algich presses the button.*

Inner Thoughts: Change that mental note from 'socially adept' to 'socially aware,' although you weren't being very subtle. Just be happy that it didn't explode or push Corax in a meat compactor. Deflect some of your frustration away by agreeing with her.

"I suppose you're right Ms. Algich, last time I tried to sidestep one of Dervan's tests he didn't take kindly to it."

Inner Thoughts: Just ignore the fact that she did out of boredom's sake. Pursuing won't yield anything good.

"Let's join the others."

*He walks with Algich to rejoin the other two agents.*

((After hearing Corax's statements:))

"I don't think that would be Dervan's direction to take this. We have multiple witness accounts, and he acknowledged some of the names being mentioned."

Inner Thoughts: In fact you'd argue the opposite, as this little setup may have given the leverage Dervan needed to stay on the case, despite his conduct. With his position as a power-broker Dervan would be in one of best positions to track down and make contact with these new individuals. But keep that to yourself for now, circle back to the 'Anas.'

"Agent Corax, may I ask what your thoughts on Fortune Ana are? Of the people subjects we interviewed she seemed to be the quickest to note and adjust to the environment around her."
>>
No. 1008840 ID: 5f4030

>>1008768
*opens notebook*
The best word I can describe her as is “world-weary.” During my time with her she was cooperative, but no fool. She has a lot information and definitely more to give, however she is a finite resource, if we try to use her too much then she is likely to shut down. She struck me as someone who has been used many times and often, that may be useful but it means she may break easy under stronger willed people. I think she wants to do right by the people she trusts, and I think that is the key to what we need between us if we are to call on her again. And you? What did you think of Scarred Ana?
>>
No. 1008854 ID: de57a8
File 163008166213.jpg - (2.10MB , 3294x1991 , Divergent 103.jpg )
1008854

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fHl9bxVT58
>>
No. 1008862 ID: 5f4030

>>1008854
Hm. A good drill instructor is one who is able to lead their men. They don’t stab them, they do make threats but rarely ever carry them out. Their man job is to be a teacher and to prepare their soldiers for war. If this is how you try to prepare your employees for your law firm, then it must truly be a spartan training regime, sir.

Inner thoughts: And as for your enthusiasm, a good liar tells as much truth as he is able. I bet you do want to remain on this case but you being a leader seems too far for anyone away for anyone to believe.
>>
No. 1008888 ID: d63ea8

*Threshold hesitates and looks away.*

Inner Thoughts: Triumphant isn't giving you any room to maneuver, and any vote you'd make would damn you either way. You can't sit out either, lest you look weak in the eyes of your colleagues. Your hands are starting to shake, deal with that first.

*He crosses his arms.*

Inner Thoughts: The safest choice is to prioritize the investigation itself, thus making the choice appear more rational than personal. Part of you is curious about the letter, but knowing Dervan, it could be any number of things. No, it is better to follow Triumpant's lead, but personalize your words so you come across as more neutral.

*After taking a breath Triumphant looks back to the others.*

"It may be best to keep the number of people we send to the assembly to a minimum. Depending on whether or not the other investigation teams are present might cause the proceedings to devolve into a political shouting matching, and that would just slow down the investigation."

Inner Thoughts: Focus on the element of presentation.

"We would look bad in front of the high council if they saw us bickering with each other, and again that would undermine all of the work we've put into collecting this evidence."

Inner Thoughts: Better yet, you can reflect this question back on Triumphant by appealing to his authority on the matter. He is in the senior most position, and thus deferring to his position is the most rational choice.

"We've come across a couple of solid leads in our investigation, and we need the high council to see that. Mr. Triumphant, seeing as you're the one in change of our particular group, I would go with whatever you'd say for us to best be heard."
>>
No. 1009082 ID: e51896

Hm, well in my opinion, if we were back in our own world, and this was a regular case, I'd most likely not have Dervan with us...

But this case after hearing more about it feels like no ordinary case, one which requires a person to make choices that seem unreasonable.

I feel that Happy is someone who is a master manipulator, someone who takes advantage of the choices we make that we feel is most comfortable, and turns it against us, he is probably expecting us and in some ways influencing us from the outside not to take Dervan along with us, which is why i think maybe bringing dervan with us could be unexpected enough to throw a wrench in his plans. He does seem most adaptable with this world's cruel nature after all,

Though this is all intuition admittedly. We are dealing with a dangerous universe in this case after all... and I feel we should get all the help we can get...

Actually I have a request for another vote, since it seems im outnumbered against my vote to bring Dervan with us:, if Dervan can't come, should we also have Triumphant not come with us as well? Threshold did say to bring the minimum amount of people to the assembly, and I feel having both Dervan and Triumphant not here might make for a good compromise, and having them actually somewhere else discussing their disagreements with each other and settle their differences might be better, our investigation does require strong bonds with each other after all if we wanna succeed. I get a feeling that Dervan and Triumphant don't trust each other that much for different valid reasons, and I think just having both Dervan and Triumphant sit this one out and not influence our thoughts might be for the best.

No offense to either Triumphant or Dervan, just that I think Corax Threshold, and I should come up with our own conclusions from the assembly without Dervan or Triumphant making us think certain things. I'd say either bring both Triumphant and Dervan, or leave both behind for the assembly
>>
No. 1009086 ID: de57a8
File 163033692533.jpg - (2.65MB , 3078x2787 , Divergent 104.jpg )
1009086

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfPBtdtTD4M
>>
No. 1009144 ID: e51896

That might be for the best. all of us becoming a team here was with reason, and I hope not to deviate from that path to our destined outcome.
>>
No. 1009220 ID: 612369

>>1009086
*silently scribbles something in his notebook during DerVan's entire monologue and chuckles to himself *

Inner thoughts:I often tell myself that there was good reasons to do what I did, but let's be real here, there often was none. I never enjoy it, I rarely enjoy anything. I tell myself I indeed have a conscious, but it's a feeble thing, it wouldn't protect you or I from a stiff breeze. You could not even guess at the things that I have done. Awful, evil, obscene, the telling of them alone could make you puke. They nag at me from time to time. The years pass, and the unimaginable becomes everyday, the hideous becomes tedious, the unbearable becomes routine. I push it all into the dark corners of my mind, and it's incredible the room back there. Amazing what one can live with. Perhaps I belong here.

Indeed, Peregrine. I am with you.
>>
No. 1009253 ID: de57a8
File 163053409787.jpg - (1.05MB , 3282x1081 , Divergent 105.jpg )
1009253

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yklXwxjLCew
>>
No. 1009254 ID: 612369

>>1009253
Inner thoughts: Miserable lying swine. I give you neither my respect or my trust, you haven't earned it.

Of course, sir.
>>
No. 1009294 ID: d63ea8

Inner Thoughts: You dislike the prospect of having to handle Dervan without the others nearby to support... But you doubt that there will be any better option.

*Threshold remains silent, and eyes Dervan carefully.*
>>
No. 1009306 ID: de57a8
File 163057738599.jpg - (2.23MB , 3407x1971 , Divergent 106.jpg )
1009306

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U-2GN2OFtY
>>
No. 1009317 ID: cdeedc

>>1009306
*something in what Algich says strikes a chord in Corax.*
No, I wasn’t. But my commanding officers were, and I was the one who put them up there.



*sigh* Don’t worry Ms. Algich, if anyone does throw a tomato at you, one of us will step out and shield you with our bodies if need be.
Inner thoughts: We are here to partially take the blame if it all goes wrong anyway.
>>
No. 1009323 ID: d63ea8

Inner Thoughts: That would be father dropping in as well to make this conversation even more stressful, but don't say that. Right now Dervan is just picking at your defences. While you can't be rude in your responses, by having Triumphant here you can be somewhat resistant. Give a general answer.

"I... suppose a lot of things m-maybe? Like -uh- being set on fire, or shot?"

Inner Thoughts: Now take control of the conversation's direction. Push the focus onto him.

"I'd say that's a bit of an odd question to a-ask Mr. Glasshrauder. I mean shouldn't you be -um- more focused your p-professional grievances with -uh- Mr. Triumphant?"

Inner Thoughts: Make a false assumption, keep the pressure on.

"B-because it seems like you -er- want to avoid t-talking about yourself."
>>
No. 1009528 ID: e51896

briefings is something agents have to do, so yeah, there is some experience in public speaking that I have.

Well, things like Dervan and Triumphant having a separate meeting have been set and happened with reason from the influence of our life experience. and now, destiny is calling. Lets see how clear our paths are towards our fated destination and take what is thrown at us and act on our intuition. Lets join the meeting before we are late.
>>
No. 1009630 ID: 611cca
File 163096818018.jpg - (4.68MB , 7132x3263 , Divergent 107.jpg )
1009630

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3bDOxX4YAw
>>
No. 1009656 ID: 3e7c34

>>1009630
Begging your pardon, sir but it was not negligence that brought Triumphant’s absence from this seminar. Rather, Triumphant along with our superior officers Dervan and case mediator Threshold are currently holding a private meeting on how best to further our case. If we are to bring this criminal to justice, we must have an active duty watchmen examining and compiling evidence at all times. Constant vigilance, I hope this satisfies you, sir.

Forgive me I had not the honor introducing myself. I am agent Corax, co-detective and investigator in the case concerning happy the Tragedy phantom.
>>
No. 1009725 ID: d63ea8

"A-ARE YOU I-INSANE!!"

*Threshold scrambles back, almost falling to the ground.*

Inner Thoughts: Your head is spinning, you can't think.

"Dervan y-you c-can't-! D-do y-you-"

Inner Thoughts: Get ahold of yourself, now.

*He straightens up and takes a few more steps back.*

"H-he's a fucking m-monster."

Inner Thoughts: You aren't alone, Triumphant's here. Have him intervene.

"This c-conduct is g-gross and-"

*Threshold manages to catch his breath as he looks to Triumphant.*

"C-can you s-stop this?!"
>>
No. 1010349 ID: 11b08a
File 163148334141.jpg - (1.69MB , 2942x2180 , Divergent 108.jpg )
1010349

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjesWC7m-YA
>>
No. 1010356 ID: e51896

*Agent Peregrine was silent the whole time due to seeing Maya Din in the audience, an important figure he recognized from the church he went to back home*

...

[inner thoughts] This shocking encounter and my instinctive response has meaning in the eyes of Inkiverusus and the path I'm heading. As for what, I am not sure until we go through the presentation. Maya doesn't seem to recognize me though. Just speak what is on your mind and have confidence that what you'll say is all a part of Inkiverusus' plan, good or bad. They're waiting. I must also give a reason for my silence

Agent Peregrine is the name. Also an assistant co-detective and investigator for the case involving Happy the Tragedy Phantom working under Triumphant. Agent Corax has explained Triumphant's and Dervan's absence expertly. I was merely waiting until there wasn't any more questions before I introduced myself. If you want more details about Dervan, and Triumphant's absence, I'll be willing to share more details about it through the presentation of what we gathered as even their absence has some more important reasonings which I believe we'll need to get into.

That said, Shall we begin?
>>
No. 1010367 ID: bec844

>>1010356
*Looks briefly between Peregrine and the woman in the crowd.*

inner thoughts: I know that look on Peregrine’s face, that is one of recognition. She doesn’t match it however, either she doesn’t recognize him or exceptionally good at hiding her true emotions. Yet she targeted him, and she sounded expectant, like she was hoping for something better. Interesting.

Quite right Agent Peregrine. As you know, we have been contracted to act as investigators on this case regarding Happy the Tragedy phantom and his various… shall we call them, escapades across the dimensions? Our first interrogation and subsequent investigations have shown that our target is master manipulator. Most likely someone who sees himself as something of a chess master, able to move pieces and is very good at misdirection, able to make us look one way, while moving in another. He works through others, and we have a comprehensive list of his known accomplices.
>>
No. 1010443 ID: 11b08a
File 163155900644.jpg - (4.34MB , 3277x4543 , Divergent 109.jpg )
1010443

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtHDOGbpZ7E
>>
No. 1010450 ID: 76fa74

>>1010443
Inner thoughts: Ah, one with a superiority complex; as I suspect they all have one. Let's wow the man, and this is why it pays to read on the files of the superiors.

With all respect due where it lies, Count Murdusa, the development of one's home maketh not the man. As I believe you have no doubt encountered in your own time and own home, manners maketh the man. Such arguments of status based on livelihoods between gentlemen only lead to quite troublesome quarrels not worth the effort in the end.

As for the collection of our evidence, that we have presented here thus far of our sketch of our... Shall we call Happy an Unsub? Unknown perpetrator to those who do not know the term. This sketch was provided by our superior Dervan, yes. However the channels he went through were perfectly adequate and necessary. This sketch was acquired through interactions with a known... Perhaps, prophet might be too strong of a word; nevertheless Mr. Anthony's drawings have proven useful to this organization before as well as one of our colleagues, Laurence, who is also part of our investigative team. I believe some of his artwork is hanging in the galleries around here, one in particular of another of our colleagues, Triumphant and Mr. Daro, both of whom he'd never met before.

I digress, Ms. Algich brings up an interesting point, this figure is often use by the various robots and cybernetic beings. I'd like to put the question to you as well my partner. It's a known fact that this technology is frequently used by this organization. One of the questions we will be investigating is how our Unsub got his hands on such technology that is so readily available to our organization? It is my understanding that trade secrets such as this are not so easily handed out. Perhaps you might answer Count Murdusa? Since, as you said, we are not so technologically advanced.

Inner thoughts: Let them connect the dots. This technology is only readily available to the tribunal and its associates. There is a traitor in our midst.
>>
No. 1010535 ID: d63ea8

Inner Thoughts: Don't let him drag you down to his level. Stand up straight, deep breath, remain professional.

*He sighs.*

"I t-think it's more likely the Corax would have broken one of your -uh- arms and handcuffed you to the barstool, Mr. Glasshrauder."

Inner Thoughts: Going from what you've gathered on his disposition it's more likely that Corax would want Dervan to live and suffer, be that stripped of all titles and privileges, or left as a mewling pile of broken bones. But that isn't the focus right now, redirect the conversation back to exercise. Be a tad more demeaning to Dervan if you have to.

"So it is your goal to make people act more 'genuinely' Mr. Glasshrauder?"

Inner Thoughts: Avoid 'I' statements. This is about their relationship, not your opinions.

"But as you've already said, this pushes you into a more hostile relationship with your colleagues. Seeing as Mr. Triumphant already has a more... jaded view of you, it's reasonable to assume that you've done something similar to him in the past as well."

Inner Thoughts: Now test his defences. See how he reacts to more probing questions. Try out some theories.

"But nevermind that, the bigger question is 'why?' It's obvious that these ploys are to both engineer the relationships you prefer and to keep those around you guessing, hence why Mr. Triumphant's foreknowledge upsets you. So why is it that you want people to hate you, Mr. Glasshrauder?"

Inner Thoughts: Now push him.

"It seems that you don't want others to trust you, but where does come from? Is it because you don't want others to start relying on you, or does such a prospect scare you?"
>>
No. 1011145 ID: e51896

This is keeping in mind that this universe we are investigating shouldn't have access to such technology as it is closed off from other universes for the most part. Magic, and biological experiments sure, but advanced robotics not likely. It's safe to assume that Happy is someone from the outside who brought this technology with him, or someone who gained it from someone from outside this universe. However, it should also be noted that his influence was seen not just in this universe, but within another worlds, the person we interrogated's world for example.

If there are any theories or questions to be brought up, please do so. Otherwise, I suggest we present some Recordings and evidence we gathered, if Ms. Algich would get them ready. There are some things I'd like to bring up from them.
>>
No. 1011177 ID: f23762
File 163217731563.jpg - (7.76MB , 4243x5608 , Divergent 110.jpg )
1011177

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgT3z9t9CYs
>>
No. 1011178 ID: f23762

Ups also forgot to put this music as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnW89vmlxZQ
>>
No. 1011241 ID: 3e7c34

>>1011177
Inner thoughts:Mm. That will not do. If Happy is amongst us that would merely eliminate our only leads on him.

*quickly reaches into jacket as if going for a gun but only comes out with a hand in the shape of a gun and points it at hooka-head*
BANG!
*quickly points at Murdusa*
BANG!

Forgive my metaphor with this action. Simply executing them is an easy answer, but so is shooting you in order to further our own standing within the organization. The problem is it’s messy, leaves more holes, and there would likely be repercussions and loss of power. The purpose of investigation is to discover the truth. These are merely the most likely suspects. The key word being “suspects,” not “convicts.” Killing them and having done not only eliminates any possible leads we have on our main target, it creates more enemies, more than I believe this tribunal is willing to have. If you are going to give the order, then I hope that you are also willing to reap the guilt and repercussions of that order, I ask you to examine the consequences of killing each suspect, instead look at what we have to gain by Turing them to our side. There are people on this list that simply killing them would be a loss of a potentiality valuable asset to this tribunal. The cons outweigh the pros.

There is further evidence to suggest that the person who we assume to Happy may not even be aware they are the culprit. Rather, it is more a kind of split personality that puppeteers their actions. Conducting proper tests for this trait will save lives, time, and resources, and also it will be less of a headache for all of you.
>>
No. 1011278 ID: d63ea8

*Threshold glances between the teacup and his two superiors.*

Inner Thoughts: Dervan didn't present any questions to you. Good. You still have the initiative and it seems Triumphant's comments have him on less steady footing. De-escalate the situation first, then you can press again. Start with Triumphant.

"Let's all take a moment to settle down."

"Mr. Triumphant, this won't be a productive meeting if you dismiss Mr. Glasshrauder's thoughts out of hand. It is understandable why you don't trust Mr. Glasshrauder, as he even said, he prefers it. That being said, if we truly want to meaningful progress between you two, then it'd be best if we left insults out of this discussion."

Inner Thoughts: Now work on Dervan. Try to dig out the underlying rationale of his 'dogma.' Remain direct, but adopt a softer approach.

"Thank you Mr. Glasshrauder for sharing us your view on things. It may be frustrating to point out truths that are apparent to you and not to other people, but exercising patience in this case will help us try to see where you're coming from."

*Threshold straightens his jacket before continuing.*

"What you just described with the tea cup seems like a very isolating experience. You and Mr. Triumphant were in a world where both of you were part of a greater community, following a grand narrative; And now, you are both alone."

Inner Thoughts: Use his own words.

"For Mr. Triumphant, this wasn't much of a loss. As you said Mr. Glasshrauder, he was a 'person who doesn't need friends, only coworkers.' You on the other hand felt a 'weakness from its absence.'"

Inner Thoughts: Now speculate.

"Many people find community and comfort within the principles they believe, both religious and secular. It's the same reason why people like Mr. Peregrine are able to remain calm, even in the most dire of situations. But that leads to the question of what you are looking to gain from this dogma, Mr. Glasshrauder. Is it the sense of belonging you get from being in a bigger plan? Is it a facet of your identity that has just always been there? Or maybe..."

Inner Thoughts: Push hard with this one.

"You're afraid of what an existence without meaning could be?"


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason