[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 158611235513.jpg - (32.79KB , 800x1067 , The Blank Sheet.jpg )
960828 No. 960828 ID: d63ea8

I can’t take the silence anymore. The walls no longer creak, the clock no longer ticks.
I find myself forgetting reality.
Simple things, meaningful things.
The Abyss beckons to me. But I can’t…

I need to distract myself, even for a moment.
But I can’t think of what to write.
Expand all images
>>
No. 960829 ID: d63ea8
File 158611238748.jpg - (32.81KB , 800x1067 , Waiting Around.jpg )
960829

I don’t know if time passes, but I am still waiting.
Smells of paper and ink fill the air.
Clouds glide through the Abyss beyond the window.
They are among their kind. I am not.

I am alone.

I am trapped in here, but I can’t leave.
The hunger…
I’m too scared of what I might do.
>>
No. 960832 ID: d63ea8
File 158611246788.jpg - (146.69KB , 800x1067 , Thoughts Leak in.jpg )
960832

Thoughts are floating past, but I can’t see them in the haze.
I need to write, even for a moment…

>Please choose three of the words to center the letter around.
>Order does not matter, but intensity does.
>>
No. 960833 ID: e7c7d3

Intoxicate.
Thunderous.
Typhoon.
>>
No. 960835 ID: 015bf2

Paper Trapped Window
>>
No. 960836 ID: 2bd15b

Paper Ink Alone
>>
No. 960837 ID: 8b660e

Roaring
Inferno
Burning
>>
No. 960839 ID: 015bf2

>>960833
>>960837
>Please choose three of the words to center the letter around.

Attention
Alarm
Alert
>>
No. 960854 ID: d63ea8
File 158611933757.jpg - (315.53KB , 800x1067 , The Air is Broken.jpg )
960854

>I was meaning for you to pick from the words that you could see above, but I was not clear. I apologize. Your words will be taken this time.
>Paper, Thunder, Alarm

Light flashes across the paper as the Abyss splits open with arching shapes.
The sound, the deafening roar, it is too much to bear.
My body tenses with alarm as my thoughts are scattered from the air.

The rumble…
It carries an anger that I have heard only once before.
I am about to remember, but forget.
>>
No. 960855 ID: d63ea8
File 158611934515.jpg - (114.06KB , 800x1067 , A Moment to Breathe.jpg )
960855

But for a moment, a beautiful moment, I am inspired.
Words take to paper as the broken shape marks it.
I write of the wonderful and terrifying sound, of the sudden chill that takes the air, the percussive thrum of my heart.
And then, I am done.
The message is ready.
My name is signed.
But who was made to receive it?

>You may choose to address the letter to a person you have in mind, the Abyss, or leave it without a set destination.
>If all of you choose different names, then it will reach one of them, but the recipient will be left up to fate.
>>
No. 960856 ID: 8b660e

>>960855
Your father
>>
No. 960864 ID: e7c7d3

To the retired priest down the street
>>
No. 960870 ID: 2bd15b

Leave it without a set destination
>>
No. 960877 ID: e51896

your future self. it will be sent in a buried time capsule.
>>
No. 960913 ID: 094652

Send it to a random person in the crescendo of ecstasy.
>>
No. 960930 ID: 569af6

Make a paper airplane out of the note, and let it fly where it wants.
>>
No. 960938 ID: d63ea8
File 158617973249.jpg - (120.12KB , 800x1067 , A New Shape.jpg )
960938

>Diverging choices. The die is cast.

My thoughts fight for control, but I cannot decide.
I address the letter:
‘To whom it may concern,’
It’s cold and distant, but fitting.
I reach for a bottle when…

>Make a paper airplane, let it fly where it wants.

A thought slips past the haze.
My lot has never been determined by my choice, why should this be any different.
>>
No. 960939 ID: d63ea8
File 158617973622.jpg - (159.36KB , 800x1067 , Let the Wind take it.jpg )
960939

Let the wind take it.
Let the fates fall where they may.
Let the paper construction carry a spirit greater than I.

I release the letter, and it is done.
>>
No. 960940 ID: d63ea8
File 158617973974.jpg - (94.57KB , 800x1067 , What Now.jpg )
960940

And that moment now bleeds back into eternity.
I am staring back into the Abyss.
My mind threatens to be swallowed by the haze once more, but the wind catches the notes and sends it spinning off into the distance.
There is change in the air.

>Explore, investigate, raise your hands high, collapse as is innate.
>The choice is yours, find inspiration.
>>
No. 960942 ID: 2bd15b

Open the door, get on the floor
Everybody walk the dinosaur
>>
No. 960943 ID: aead9a

Open the drawer's mouth and see what it has consumed.
>>
No. 960945 ID: d63ea8
File 158618312903.jpg - (97.53KB , 800x1067 , Speaking with the Drawer.jpg )
960945

>Open the Door

The door is not here, I do not remember where it is.

>Open the drawer’s mouth and see what it has consumed.

I grab the drawer by its jaw and pull it open.

Drawer: “Hello again, don’t worry. I’ve eaten naught but paper.”

>Please Continue.
>>
No. 960946 ID: 2bd15b

Pick up the bottles under the table
>>
No. 960949 ID: e7c7d3

What else is in the room?
>>
No. 960956 ID: 6ca7d8

Put the rest of the paper away in the drawer and inspect the room
>>
No. 960969 ID: d63ea8
File 158620458458.jpg - (88.80KB , 800x1067 , Tidying Up.jpg )
960969

>Put the rest of the papers away in the drawer.

I place the papers into its maw.

Drawer: “Thank you friend! Such a delicious meal you give me, your kindness will not go unpaid.”

And with that the mouth shuts.

>Pick up the bottles.

I gather the bottles from under the table. I’ve kept them here because I have no envelopes, but the paper airplane might’ve solved that issue.
The bottles are empty and light, but are cumbersome to hold. My hands are now full.
I will need to drop one of them if I wish to pick up anything else.

>Rest of the room?

I do not remember what this room is like. I thought it was mine once, but the walls keep changing when I look away.
If I wish to inspect this place I should note which way I turn as to not get lost.

But perhaps I will turn right and see what greets me.
>>
No. 960970 ID: d63ea8
File 158620458891.jpg - (114.00KB , 800x1067 , Searching the Walls.jpg )
960970

Before me is a table -no- an alter.
These were the signs I had seen in my dreams.
I needed to paint their pleasant shapes so my eyes could absorb them.

At least I still have enough soup to keep me for a while.

>Explore? Inspect? Divine?
>Continue as you would.
>>
No. 961006 ID: 2bd15b

Inspect
>>
No. 961023 ID: bd38c9

>>960970
Examine further
>>
No. 961027 ID: d63ea8
File 158622598830.jpg - (142.53KB , 800x1067 , Further Questions.jpg )
961027

>Inspect.
I start to remember the shapes, they were important.
It was the greater and lesser spheres. Keepers of integrity and decay.
They need to be offered something perishable.
The soup was what I gave them.

>Examine further.
The clock has been broken, it’s face smashed with two decisive impacts. The hands are stuck at twelve and six.

Clock: “...”

Thin shallow notches have been scored into the wood of the altar, presumably with the knife.
I check the weight of the soup cans, they all seem full. I’ve been removing the labels out of habit.
Knowing what it is, or more specifically what it isn’t, worsens the cravings.

>Please Continue.
>>
No. 961029 ID: 2bd15b

Try to apply your blood on the newly appeared symbols, maybe you will be able to form some connection that way with higher beings.
>>
No. 961055 ID: e51896

Where are the labels? do we remember?
>>
No. 961057 ID: d63ea8
File 158626939105.jpg - (140.83KB , 800x1067 , Deception.jpg )
961057

>Where are the labels?
I… tore them off and threw them into the Abyss.
I couldn’t let myself discover what the cans actually hold.
It would be dangerous.
>>
No. 961058 ID: d63ea8
File 158626939560.jpg - (116.51KB , 800x1067 , Greater Sacrifice.jpg )
961058

>Newly appeared symbols.
They aren’t real. But I am able to visualize their true shapes.

>Apply your blood, form a connection.
I was afraid of what the greater and lesser spheres might ask of me.
But if my offering isn’t worthy enough I might bring damnation upon my head.

I drop one of the bottles so I can pick up the knife.
It feels too familiar in my hand…

Knife: “Don’t tell me that we’re going to slice another can today. My edge can’t stand it!”

I draw the blade across the palm of my left hand, the skin is overwhelmed by a stinging sensation.

Knife: “Yes! YES! This is what I was made for! More! More!”

With my right hand I take the blood and start painting the shapes I dreamed of.
Integrity, decay. The lesser and greater. They build, and then break.
If I can curry favor with them I might be able to endure far more than I should.
May they find this offering pleasing.
>>
No. 961059 ID: d63ea8
File 158626939908.jpg - (118.77KB , 800x1067 , Injuries are Mounting.jpg )
961059

>Injury Sustained:

I finish, but my hand hurts quite badly.
I have to drop two more bottles.
Until I get a bandage for myself, I won’t be able to carry as much.

Knife: “Come on, I’ve given papercuts worse than that.”
>>
No. 961062 ID: e51896

move the clock on the face of the symbol, and make the arrows point 9:30
>>
No. 961066 ID: 2bd15b

Cut off one finger and offer it as a sacrifice!
>>
No. 961067 ID: d63ea8
File 158627436629.jpg - (113.87KB , 800x1067 , Its Proper Place.jpg )
961067

>Move the clock on the face of the symbol, and make the hands point 9:30.

I unhook the clock from the wall. It feels heavy and dead in my hands. I was the one who broke it.
Reaching past the broken glass of the clock’s face I adjust the hands.

Clock: “Murderer.”

When I place the clock onto the sphere of decay, it sticks.
The blood adheres like glue.
Something about this seems unnatural… but right.

>Sacrifice...
I could offer more of myself. Something permanent...

>Sacrificing the finger cannot be undone, offer the suggestion again to carry out the act.
>It must have at least 2 people supporting it in order to be carried out. Opposition will subtract from this.
>Please Continue.
>>
No. 961068 ID: 7dabc1

Any exits in this room?
>>
No. 961076 ID: 7dabc1

Lets not sacrifice anything just yet.
>>
No. 961093 ID: 2bd15b

>>961076
Silence nonbeliever! What we are experiencing is a miracle, the time for exiting is meaningless we need to show our conviction! We must not run away from this, offer your tongue so that touse beings can understand you!
>>
No. 961094 ID: f2320a

>>961076
Support why not find more paper for us to create with or someway to get more if there is something out there and we can sacrefice to something else then others can sacrefice to us
>>
No. 961099 ID: d63ea8
File 158630894412.jpg - (172.15KB , 800x1067 , Discord.jpg )
961099

Breathing slowly, I ready the knife.
But I hesitate.

Knife: “Come on! You can do it! I believe in you!”

No, I can’t. The pain is already too much. I’m too afraid.

Knife: “Are you really doing this to me!? All this time with soup cans and just when you’re about to give me something good you chicken out!? You really are pathe-”

*THUNK*

>The knife has been dropped.

>Other offerings.
Yes, I’ve already given part of myself, the greater and lesser spheres will want something else.
I need paper.
I need inspiration.

>Time is meaningless.

Clock: “You discarded that meaning when you turned against us. I hope you choke on your eternity.”

>Exits?
The Abyss is the exit that is always open to me, but I can’t…
I fear it too much.

But I remember a door. Maybe I can find it.

I will turn right again.
>>
No. 961100 ID: d63ea8
File 158630895097.jpg - (203.90KB , 800x1067 , Can't Exit.jpg )
961100

I remember now…
The way is closed to me.
It’s too dangerous.

>Please Continue.
>>
No. 961104 ID: 094652

Salvage wood
>>
No. 961106 ID: b1b4f3

Why is it dangerous?
>>
No. 961109 ID: e51896

LOOK! Someone slipped you a note to make another paper airplane of. But first read it.

Also, tell the clock that if you are a murderer who killed it, then why is it still talking to you if it is so smrt i mean smart
>>
No. 961126 ID: 2bd15b

No, ignore the note the outside world doesn't exist for you. The floorboards were placed from inside of this room which means you most likely placed them. Now listen to me closely misted knife is your friend and he wants to help you, so let him help you by using it for the intended purpose. Which is cutting meat!
>>
No. 961134 ID: d63ea8
File 158635291429.jpg - (222.50KB , 800x1067 , Rattling.jpg )
961134

>Why is it dangerous?
No, that’s not right.
I don’t-
I think…

>The floorboards were placed from the inside.
Yes. I’m dangerous. I’ve-

>Salvage
I hid the hammer somewhere. I couldn’t bring myself to pitch it into the Abyss.
Something wouldn’t let me.
>>
No. 961135 ID: d63ea8
File 158635291896.jpg - (265.30KB , 800x1067 , Screaming, Screaming.jpg )
961135

>Cutting meat. Finding meat! EATING MEAT!
The screaming is coming back!
I need it.
I need it.
Where’s the soup?
I NEED THE SOUP!

>WHY IS IT TALKING?!
“YOU SHOULD BE DEAD! WHY AREN’T YOU DEAD!”

>>
No. 961136 ID: d63ea8
File 158635292151.jpg - (156.03KB , 800x1067 , Glimmering.jpg )
961136

>Paper
Inspiration.

>The Missive has been picked up.
>Forced to turn left.
>>
No. 961137 ID: d63ea8
File 158635292570.jpg - (98.42KB , 800x1067 , EATEATEAT.jpg )
961137

EAT, MUST-

>Please Continue EAT! FEED! DEVOUR!
>>
No. 961140 ID: d6a927

Eat feed devour
>>
No. 961144 ID: d63ea8
File 158635741410.jpg - (63.29KB , 800x1067 , Eat.jpg )
961144

>EAT!
I bring the chilling slurry to my mouth and let the texture overwhelm me.
It is wretched, cold, and dead. I love it so.
The juices, the heavenly juices. Blood of the gods.
There are chunks hidden beneath the surface.
Little treasures that are waiting to be strained by my teeth.
>>
No. 961145 ID: d63ea8
File 158635741720.jpg - (70.12KB , 800x1067 , Drink.jpg )
961145

>FEED!
It travels into my throat, which expands to swallow this bounty.
I taste the sweet metal, feel the pulped flesh.
Divine, exquisite, euphoric.
At last I am filled.
How fleeting was the taste.
>>
No. 961146 ID: d63ea8
File 158635742097.jpg - (66.66KB , 800x1067 , and be merry.jpg )
961146

>DEVOUR!
I scrape my tongue along the bowl’s surface.
Sipping and sucking up every last scrap.
I bay and yelp and howl!
I am well!
I am satisfied!
I am strong!
>>
No. 961147 ID: d63ea8
File 158635742406.jpg - (117.52KB , 800x1067 , Sated for now.jpg )
961147

I…
The cravings have subsided, and my thoughts clear.
This is why I am dangerous.
This is why I closed that door.

>Read the Missive?
>Continue?
>>
No. 961151 ID: e51896

read missive
>>
No. 961152 ID: 2bd15b

Read the Missive
>>
No. 961155 ID: d63ea8
File 158636376690.jpg - (88.17KB , 800x1067 , Dearest Tenant.jpg )
961155

>Read the Missive.
Office of Urban Restoration and Civility

Dearest Tenant: 830982


It has come to the attention of my office that you have been late in paying civic dues for over two weeks.
While this by itself is a minor issue, my office has also received numerous complaints related but not limited to:
Noise, foul language, property damage, keeping an animal in a pet-free zone, allegations of animal abuse,
offensive odor, disturbances at odd hours, threats to tenants and staff, littering, etc. The list goes on.
While I am loathed to take this option, I fear that your actions have left us with little choice.
Unless you find a way to improve your current living-situation, and pay off the outstanding debt you have accumulated,
I will be forced to evict you from the Glenrose Apartments.
You have five days to comply with these requirements. We here at the URC believe in second chances,
and we hope that our outreach will help you better your current condition.

Sincerely,


Maxine Day
Desk of Residential Affairs A-3

>>
No. 961156 ID: d63ea8
File 158636377001.jpg - (258.16KB , 800x1067 , Must be a mistake.jpg )
961156

...no.
No!
Th-they can’t!
My thoughts are pressing in.
Fear is getting caught in my throat.
It must be a mistake.
It has to be a mistake.

>Please Continue, and react as you may.
>>
No. 961158 ID: d6a927

Time to head out then. Pack your things and climb out the window
>>
No. 961160 ID: 2bd15b

Time to seel your kidney buy a gun and make the fuckers from Office of Urban Restoration and Civility pays for trying to fuck with you!
>>
No. 961167 ID: 8b660e

How much debt do you currently owe? And it seems you nailed yourself in so that would account for the property damage. Is there anyway we could get money to pay off our debts?
>>
No. 961172 ID: d63ea8
File 158637985510.jpg - (147.50KB , 800x1067 , Swaying Back and Forth.jpg )
961172

>Time to head out. Pack your things and climb out of the window.
Yes, I was a fool to have waited, I should throw myself into the Abyss.
There is only pain for me here.

>Sell a kidney, buy a gun. The URC will pay.
No, I’ve lived here for longer than I can count.
I will fight them tooth and claw for-
>>
No. 961174 ID: d63ea8
File 158637993997.jpg - (117.52KB , 800x1067 , Calm.jpg )
961174

>How much do you owe? Is there a way to get money?
I…
The exact number escapes me, but I think it is between two and three hundred.
I spent what little I had on the extra ration cards, so I could stock up here.
I don’t know how to get more. The last time I was out…
No. I can’t leave. It’s not safe.

>Property Damage.

Knife: “Hehehe. It was more than just the door, cretin. Going to throw another tantrum tough guy? Going to punch another wall while you're at it?”

>Please Continue.
>>
No. 961177 ID: 2bd15b

Please stop using mister knife in the wrong way! That tool does have alternative functions like an improvised instrument or other more kinky functions but reconstructing your wall is not one of them. Please receive your knife and if you are not going to use it on yourself at least get ready to use it on somebody else.
>>
No. 961218 ID: e51896

alright, turn right towards the door, and turn right one last time. what will we see on that wall?
>>
No. 961220 ID: d63ea8
File 158640698331.jpg - (116.46KB , 800x1067 , Reunited.jpg )
961220

>Please retrieve your knife, get ready to use it on someone else.
I drop the last bottle so I can pick up the knife.

Knife: “I like the way you think! Let’s never fight again. Onward!”

>Turn right
>>
No. 961221 ID: d63ea8
File 158640698720.jpg - (203.10KB , 800x1067 , Passage.jpg )
961221

Yes...
I think that I am regaining a sense of this place.

>Turn right
>>
No. 961222 ID: d63ea8
File 158640698972.jpg - (84.78KB , 800x1067 , Again again.jpg )
961222

>What will we see?
I see a bed, I think it is mine.
The covers have a familiar touch.
I can rest here to recover and let things change.
With no more thieves about, eternity will remain.
Sometimes I might even dream.

>Please Continue.
>>
No. 961229 ID: 2bd15b

Look under the pillow but don't you dare try to sleep. For all you know all of this could be just another dream and what is the point in dreaming inside of a dream.
>>
No. 961244 ID: e51896

Go and say hi to the monster living under your bed.

But what is on the wall?
>>
No. 961248 ID: d63ea8
File 158645321706.jpg - (87.16KB , 800x1067 , Between.jpg )
961248

>Look under the pillow, don’t sleep. Are you dreaming?
I move the pillow out of the way.
The Key of Umbra is still there.
That means I am awake.
>>
No. 961249 ID: d63ea8
File 158645322318.jpg - (90.08KB , 800x1067 , Beneath.jpg )
961249

>Say hi to the monster living under your bed.

???: “I'm pretty sure that you’re the monster in this situation.

>What is on the wall?

???: “If you're talking about the claw marks, those are from our uninvited houseguest.”

“There used to be a poster on this wall…”

???: “Yeah bud, you cared a lot about it. That’s why the thing took it.”

???: “Your hand’s bleeding pretty bad, you might want to take care of that.”

>Converse? Care? Continue?
>>
No. 961268 ID: 8b660e

>>961249
Your monster roommate seems like a nice person. Take his advice and bandage your wound for keep conversing with the monster in the meantime. Do they have a name?
>>
No. 961270 ID: 8b660e

>>961268
By the way I hope that since they are living with you they are paying a share of the rent.
>>
No. 961280 ID: d63ea8
File 158647018623.jpg - (90.01KB , 800x1067 , Really Now.jpg )
961280

>Your monster roommate seems like a nice person.

???: “Thank you, I try my best.”

>Name?

???: “Ah, so you’ve forgotten again. Sorry bud. It’s Etzel. You’ve been letting me chill out here for the last couple of-”

Etzel: “Er, well… For a decent while. Yeah, you’re not a big fan of the whole ‘time’ thing right now.”

>Rent?

Etzel: “Shaking me down again huh? Fine. Just give me a sec.”
>>
No. 961281 ID: d63ea8
File 158647019019.jpg - (88.57KB , 800x1067 , Clotting.jpg )
961281

Etzel disappears, he doesn’t make any noise.
I think I remember him. He’s been trying to help me…
But he can’t always stay.

>Bandage your wound.
I take the knife and cut off a strip from the bedsheet.
With each concentric wrap the pain fades a bit further.
Finally the pain subsides and I feel the wound start to clot.

Knife: “Not what I usually go for, but hey! At least it’s not soup cans!”

>Injury Negated:
I think I can start carrying more things again.
>>
No. 961283 ID: d63ea8
File 158647033622.jpg - (93.84KB , 800x1067 , Paydirt.jpg )
961283

Etzel reappears and the money slides out from under the bed.
The only part I’ve ever seen of Etzel is his eyes.
I’m not sure how he does it, but I think he can move objects on their own.

Etzel: “I warned you not to spend everything you had on soup.”

Etzel: “Here you go, bud. I’m afraid that’s all I was able to find.”

Etzel: “And to be fair, some of it might have been yours.”

>Question? Converse? Continue?
>>
No. 961359 ID: e51896

What can we give Etzel for helping us? I know he id giving us money for allowing it to stay but a gift for its help might be good. Does it like our writing? With all the inspirational words we found, maybe we can write something for it?

Also Take the pins that used to hang the posters off the wall. What did the posters look like before?
>>
No. 961398 ID: 8b660e

Be sure to thank him, and yeah see what we can do for him in the short term.
>>
No. 961401 ID: 2bd15b

Time to squeeze the tits of this cash cow, let's see what else can this monster do. Maybe it can assassinate people for you or give you sexual favors. Think of all the possibilities the sky is the limit, you need to go big or go home!
>>
No. 961456 ID: d63ea8
File 158656934785.jpg - (92.31KB , 800x1067 , Delight.jpg )
961456

>What can we give Etzil for helping us? Does he like our writing?

Etzel: “You’re already given me a place to call home, bud. And I’m grateful for that.”

Etzel: “Though, if you're offering, I would love to get a draft from you.”
Etzel: “But don’t feel like you have to write it straightaway, if it’s from you I’d want it to be special.”

>Be sure to thank him, and yeah see what we can do in the short term.

Etzel: “You’re very welcome, I’ll let you know if I need anything.”

>Take pins.
I remove the thumbtacks from the wall and collect the scraps of the poster.
A somber cloud rises from the remains… This did mean a lot to me.
I feel like I’ve lost something. Something that was important.
These items are small enough to slip into my pockets, and shouldn’t take any effort to carry.
>>
No. 961457 ID: d63ea8
File 158656935120.jpg - (73.80KB , 800x1067 , Uncertainty.jpg )
961457

>What did the poster look like before?
It was a momento.
That I wasn’t alone.
That somewhere, somehow, I could see faraway places.
And meet others.

But now…
I’m sick.
And the world is ending.
>>
No. 961458 ID: d63ea8
File 158656935458.jpg - (92.36KB , 800x1067 , Less So.jpg )
961458

>What else can this monster do?

Etzel: “I’m an individual of many talents, and I have a knack for finding lost things.”

>Assassinate people? Sexual favors?

Etzel: “I’m going to pretend that I didn’t hear that.”

>Remember? Dream? Write? Converse? Retrieve cash?
>Continue as you may, this is a place to explore and experiment.
>>
No. 961462 ID: bd38c9

>>961458
What time is it? Maybe we should go to bed for now and try to write in the morning. See if there’s a way we can sell our writing for cash
>>
No. 961463 ID: b1b4f3

Retrieve cash, see how much more you need to make rent.
>>
No. 961501 ID: d63ea8
File 158661901035.jpg - (87.12KB , 800x1067 , Collection.jpg )
961501

>Retrieve cash, see how much more you need to make rent.
I gather the bills and loose coins.
Of the things to forget, their values are not one of them.
Taken together, the sum amounts to sixty three dollars and forty one cents.
I believe that this is either a quarter or a fifth of what I need to gather.

>What time is it?
There is no time, for all the thieves are dead.
There are only moments that bleed into eternity.

>Sell our writing for cash?
I’ve never considered that before.
Would people buy what I create?

Etzil: “Of course they would, bud. Don’t doubt yourself so much.”

But I can’t remember any names.
They are there, but are fleeting.
I can’t see past the haze.

Etzil: “I’m sure that one will come to you, bud.”
>>
No. 961502 ID: d63ea8
File 158661901430.jpg - (84.24KB , 800x1067 , Ready for Bed.jpg )
961502

>Go to bed?
Yes, maybe sleep will help.

Etzil: “I’ll leave you alone then, sleep well.”

The corner of the blanket falls again.
This time Etzil is gone.
He will not be there if I look.
>>
No. 961503 ID: d63ea8
File 158661901756.jpg - (47.00KB , 800x1067 , Into the Air.jpg )
961503

I lie back, my gaze moving to the ceiling.
The shadows hang from above like dark webbing.
Should I let myself wander?
Is there more for me to do?

>Do you wish to sleep and allow for things to change?
>Do you wish to dream?
>Or do you wish to continue exploring?
>>
No. 961548 ID: 2bd15b

Continue exploring while you wish and dream with your eyes open
>>
No. 961560 ID: fdb3c8

>>961548
Ooh. This.
>>
No. 961573 ID: d63ea8
File 158665268796.jpg - (77.15KB , 800x1067 , Blink.jpg )
961573

>Continue exploring, dream with your eyes open.
Yes… without my momento I might get lost on the way back.
I need to steep myself in the Ways, rather than become immersed.
I must breathe, and press myself against the glass.
Closer…
Closer…
>>
No. 961574 ID: d63ea8
File 158665269181.jpg - (168.54KB , 800x1067 , Seeking.jpg )
961574

I see the glimmer of the Ways.
A few of them see open, but distant.
With my memories clouded I don’t remember their names, but their shapes are familiar.

Which Way will I follow?
>Seek Feathers
>Seek Binds
>Seek Beacon
>Seek Mirrors
>Seek Compass
>Seek Surge
>>
No. 961600 ID: fdb3c8

>>961574
The compass, we need a little direction in our lives.
>>
No. 961650 ID: e51896

seek the beacon, follow the light to safety in the darkness
>>
No. 961655 ID: b5b492

Feathers. Maybe quill feathers for writing?
>>
No. 961656 ID: 2bd15b

Seek Surge because it is similar sounding to sugar and if you eat too much sugar you can get diabetes
>>
No. 961679 ID: d63ea8
File 158670418631.jpg - (195.63KB , 800x1067 , Seeking Beacon.jpg )
961679

>Diverging choices. The die is cast.

>Fate has chosen the Beacon.

To Seek the Beacon is to believe that all actions diverge from, and lead to, a singular point.
History is defined by the most minuscule of details.
A flip of the coin, a bend in the road, a crack of the gun.
If one is to Seek and find these moments, that person can see reality laid bare.
And perhaps alter it.
This place shall be defined by such a moment.
>>
No. 961680 ID: d63ea8
File 158670419043.jpg - (199.83KB , 800x1067 , Second Awakening.jpg )
961680

>Eruption.

I feel the wave of the ghost-heat, and hear the distant rumble of brimstone.
If I don’t find higher ground I might be swept away.

Wandering while awake is safer, but more difficult.
Anything I do will affect what I Seek.

If I turned in this room, I would turn in the dream.
But if I turned in the dream I would not turn in this room.

>Enter physical actions normally.
>Enter Seeking actions in italics.
>Please continue as you may.
>>
No. 961684 ID: 2bd15b

Enter physical actions normally
>>
No. 961689 ID: e51896

The door is dangerous, just like how the lava is dangerous. So lets match the view of the lava with the door by first turning left at the door while the dream vision will also turn left, and then have the dream vision turn right again.

So basically:

Turn left to look at the door
turn right to look at the eruption
>>
No. 961712 ID: c58093

Hmm, lets match the lava in the dream with the abyss. Make us condition ourself that the abyss is bad

Look Right where the abyss is
look left after looking right
>>
No. 961736 ID: d63ea8
File 158674630533.jpg - (244.37KB , 800x1067 , Split.jpg )
961736

>Align the Door with lava.
Yes, the Door is dangerous, I cannot allow myself to leave.
It is the place where pain comes.
The pain of others, pain that is mine.

>Align the Abyss with lava.
Yes, the Abyss consumes all in its wake.
If I let myself be caught by it, I will be annihilated.
I cannot allow myself to fall to it.

>Opposing choices. The die is cast.
My thoughts battle.
Both are equal.
Both are right.

>Fate has chosen the Door.
No, I must let the Abyss swallow me.
The Door wishes to be broken in.
I won’t allow it to.
>>
No. 961737 ID: d63ea8
File 158674631026.jpg - (279.28KB , 800x1067 , Distant Oracle.jpg )
961737

>Turn left to the Door.
I see a stone arch, an altar lies beyond it.
It overlooks the land and the sea.
The light and dark.
>>
No. 961738 ID: d63ea8
File 158674631563.jpg - (289.12KB , 800x1067 , Return to Brimstone.jpg )
961738

>Turn right to the eruption.
The ghost heat returns.
I see the smoke rise higher.
The lava draws nearer.

>Examine? Explore? Divine? Seek?
>Be mindful of what changes.
>Please Continue.
>>
No. 961785 ID: e51896

Go right. if the lava is going that way, it is best to deal with whatever is over there first before the lava fills that side.
>>
No. 961789 ID: 2bd15b

Be mindful of what changes.
>>
No. 961791 ID: d63ea8
File 158679357379.jpg - (279.27KB , 800x1067 , Facing the Ascent.jpg )
961791

>Turn right.
Before me is a cliff face.
The stone is old and warm to the touch.
If I wish to live, I will need to climb.
But there aren’t any good hand holds in reach.

>Be mindful of what changes.
It feels like I’ve missed something.
It wasn’t in the dream…
But I can hear the Beacon’s call.
Some form of ‘great choice,’ or result thereof was present.
And I didn’t see it.

>You can offer your own actions.
>The suggestions are merely that.
>Please Continue.
>>
No. 961818 ID: 2bd15b

Listen to the alluring call of bacon and star climbing like a goat!
>>
No. 961850 ID: 8b660e

>>961791
It is not too late, you can still heed the call. It never left you.

It gives you strength, and purpose.

climb now, feel the strength of your arms. You are driven onward.
>>
No. 961858 ID: d63ea8
File 158683141218.jpg - (291.19KB , 800x1067 , Not Forgotten.jpg )
961858

I will be attempting a new organization style with this update. Thank you for your patience.
>Turned left to the Door.
>It is not too late, you can still heed the call. It never left you.
Yes, the Beacon emanates its light in all directions.
I need to find the source to fulfill its desire.
My desires.
>Picked up the Letter.
>>
No. 961859 ID: d63ea8
File 158683141865.jpg - (279.27KB , 800x1067 , Facing the Ascent.jpg )
961859

>Turned right.
>>
No. 961860 ID: d63ea8
File 158683142540.jpg - (365.08KB , 800x1067 , The Climb.jpg )
961860

>Climb.
The cliff is in the dreaming.
I must Seek to climb.

>Climb now, feel the strength of your arms. You are driven onwards.
Heat radiates out from the rock, warming my sore muscles.
Distant thunder strikes at my ears.
It’s the call of the earth and its fury.
I must reach higher ground.
Lest I allow it to consume me.

>>
No. 961861 ID: d63ea8
File 158683142940.jpg - (187.43KB , 800x1067 , Lost Doors.jpg )
961861

The air is thinner, but fresher.
Wind carries itself from the ocean and washes the plateau with the scent of sea-spray.
Shelter lies ahead, but the way is not open to me.


>Examine what surrounds you.
>Explore by turning in a direction or approaching a distant location.
>Inspect items on your person, or elements of the environment.
>Divine the deeper meaning of this place.

>Seek things in the dreaming without moving in the waking.
Put your actions in italics if you want to specifically Examine/Explore/etc. things within the dreaming.

>Or make your own offerings of course.
>Please Continue.
>>
No. 961864 ID: f56a2b

Inspect letter.
>>
No. 961875 ID: b1b4f3

look left and right from the top of the cliff.
>>
No. 961897 ID: 2bd15b

>>961875
That sounds like a good idea!
>>
No. 961926 ID: d63ea8
File 158688985439.jpg - (192.74KB , 800x1067 , Marked by Light.jpg )
961926

>Inspect Letter
The Letter holds the echo of the Beacon and is not the catalyst itself.
Somehow this Letter is connected to a significant act.
Its heat rises from the fresh envelope.
What path does the Beacon lead me?
>>
No. 961927 ID: d63ea8
File 158688986055.jpg - (83.79KB , 800x1067 , My Child.jpg )
961927

>Fate had chosen the Retired Priest
My child,

I was at first surprised by the arrival of your letter,
but it is by the will of Aldemire that our paths have crossed again.
For the longest time I believed that you had returned to your family.
I beg for your forgiveness.

You write of this great fear you have.
That even within the confines of your home, you do not feel safe.
With the world as it is, I do not think you are alone in that fear.
I have failed in my duties to protect and shelter you,
to guide you in this coming storm.

I believe in your vision, and that it is a way in which Aldemire has stirred you.
You won’t have to fight this battle alone anymore.
I will pray for your safety, and offer what support I can.
If you need guidance or help do not hesitate in contacting me.

I will keep a candle at my window and wait vigilantly for your words.

May Aldemire safeguard your thoughts and body.
May his light lead you.
May his touch warm you.

I pray that this reaches you quickly.

With Grace,


Father Steinarr

>>
No. 961928 ID: d63ea8
File 158688986724.jpg - (248.72KB , 800x1067 , Paranoia.jpg )
961928

No.
No, this can’t be right.
I’ve never met this person.
I don’t remember this person.
They must be lying.
They have to be lying!
They wouldn’t waste effort on me.
I… don’t deserve it.
>>
No. 961929 ID: d63ea8
File 158688987453.jpg - (223.12KB , 800x1067 , Growing Urgency.jpg )
961929

Yes, they must be lying.
I’ll just pretend I never read it.

>Look left and right from the top of the cliff.
I should focus on more important thoughts.
I must search this second world.

>Turn left
I see the fires of armageddon in the distance.
The ash rises higher, choking out the stars themselves.
Beneath the explosions I hear the cries of the woods.
The land is burning.
The earth is vengeful.
Nature is at war with the elements.
The air will be poison, the wind will be death.
I have only bought myself time.
I must find better shelter.

>>
No. 961930 ID: d63ea8
File 158688988139.jpg - (232.12KB , 800x1067 , Moonlight.jpg )
961930

>Turn right x2
Yet here the waves are calm.
Two moons hang serenely in the heavens.
I see an anchor affixed to the cliff’s edge.
The sea beyond hides an ominous intent.
It pretends not to hear the devastation.


>Examine what surrounds you.
>Explore by turning in a direction or approaching a distant location.
>Inspect items on your person, or elements of the environment.
>Divine the deeper meaning of this place.

>Seek things in the dreaming without moving in the waking.
Put your actions in italics if you want to specifically Examine/Explore/etc. things within the dreaming.

>React to what has been written and said. Fight against the haze.
>Or accept it.

>Make your own offerings if inspiration strikes you.
>Please Continue.
>>
No. 961960 ID: 2bd15b

Alright, use the blanket as a makeshift gas mask to protect you from the poison gas if it can even hurt you in the first place. This will give you a fighting chance against the haze!
>>
No. 962000 ID: e7c7d3

Use the serenity of the ocean to fight against the haze
>>
No. 962041 ID: d63ea8
File 158696302064.jpg - (273.49KB , 800x1067 , A Deeper Calm.jpg )
962041

>Use the blanket as a makeshift gas mask to protect you from the poison gas.
I remove the blanket from the bed and wrap around my shoulders and face.
It’s soft and familiar.
This should help, even if it only yields a few more moments

>Can the poison gas hurt you in the first place?
Yes and no.
If I was fully immersed in the dreaming it might.
I would suffocate and wake up gasping.
The pain would be real but the injuries should not.
But I need to find shelter before the gas reaches me.

>This will give you a fighting chance against the haze!
Memories stir.
I’m still living, I’m still fighting.
I can’t doubt myself, not yet.
>(White Thoughts quieted)

>Use the serenity of the ocean to fight against the haze.
Yes… I was wrong.
The ocean does hear the devastation, but it is at peace with it.
It does not have enemies.
It does not take sides.
The waters merely sway with the moon and wind.

I will Immerse myself more deeply in the dreaming so I can feel that same calm.
Because we are the same.

>(Red Thoughts subdued)

Perhaps I was too quick to judge.
Maybe the Beacon… and the priest are right.

Maybe I should go to my desk and write another letter, it won’t take long.
I won’t have to worry about the gas yet.

>Examine what surrounds you.
>Explore by turning in a direction or approaching a distant location.
>Inspect items on your person, or elements of the environment.
>Divine the deeper meaning of this place.

>Seek things in the dreaming without moving in the waking.
>Immerse yourself further into the dreaming if you want to pull inspiration from there.
>Withdraw back to reality if it becomes too much.
Put your actions in italics if you want to specifically Examine/Explore/etc. things within the dreaming.

>Your own offerings may also be accepted.
>Please Continue.
>>
No. 962053 ID: e7c7d3

Write a letter while your thoughts are clear
>>
No. 962081 ID: 8b660e

Write, and build, this is an open place and words have power. Build a world where you are at peace with yourself.
>>
No. 962396 ID: 2bd15b

>>962081
No, you shouldn't be at peace with yourself, you should be satisfied with yourself! Start violently fapping, show the haze that you are not afraid of dying with your pants down. You have no fear and a hard will to show it that you know it! Do it for Goofy!
>>
No. 962417 ID: d63ea8
File 158722941598.jpg - (390.67KB , 800x1067 , Guidance.jpg )
962417

>Write a letter while your thoughts are clear.
I turn right back towards my desk.
This moment of clarity will not last.
I need to use it while I can.

>Write, and build, this is an open place and words have power.
Yes, I can dictate to the dreaming.
These worlds need me to view them in order to exist.
I must delve into these realms.
For they hold something significant.
I Immerse myself deeper.
I will make this world my own.

>>
No. 962418 ID: d63ea8
File 158722942033.jpg - (419.50KB , 800x1067 , Rememberance.jpg )
962418

>Build a world where you are at peace with yourself.
I Remember a Desk.
A place where offerings were made.
Where the air broke, and the Abyss became real.
I see these stars twice-over.
Once with my eyes.
Second with my mind.
I am serene.
I am well.
This is my Altar.
And these words
will have an impact.
>>
No. 962419 ID: d63ea8
File 158722942414.jpg - (259.63KB , 800x1067 , Silver Offering.jpg )
962419

The paper is already there.
All I must do is think.
And the words will appear.
>>
No. 962420 ID: d63ea8
File 158722942997.jpg - (318.19KB , 800x1067 , Silvered Offering in Night.jpg )
962420

But what will I write?
But what will I write?

>Please choose three words from the image above to center your letter around.
>Again, order does not matter, but intensity does.
>Once you have chosen your words, you add one of your own design to the mix.
>Five words will be taken.
>>
No. 962421 ID: 2bd15b

Help Haze Pay bills
>>
No. 962459 ID: e7c7d3

Dream help sick Trapped
>>
No. 962500 ID: 094652

Schizophrenia Dementia Depression Help
>>
No. 962514 ID: e51896

Fear help pay alone
>>
No. 962608 ID: d63ea8
File 158731222331.jpg - (213.86KB , 800x1067 , Call.jpg )
962608

>Help, Pay, Fear, Trapped, sick

My quill stutters when it touches the page.
Help…
For all of the words fighting for my attention, ‘help’ is the only one to stay true.
I’m afraid, so afraid.
I’m sick, I’ll hurt people.
I need to pay for what I’ve done.
Locking myself away was the first act of it.

But maybe I wasn’t meant to face this alone.

I confess my fears to the paper.
I confess of my sickness, how I had caught a bird the other day and devoured its flesh.
That I must have more. I can’t stop myself.
I write on how I barricaded the door and lost the hammer.
That I can’t allow myself to leave, and how I am now trapped here.
But the outside world wants me to pay… in both money and misfortune.
Please, I need help.
I am drowning and there is no land in sight.
Please, I don’t know how much longer I can last…

>Who will this letter be addressed to?
>Maxine Day: The Desk of Residential Affairs?
>Father Steinarr: The Retired Priest from down the road?
>Etzil: The creature that lives beneath your bed?
>The Abyss: For it is always waiting?
>Someone else you have in mind?
>Or do you want to leave it with no set destination?

>If all of you choose different names, then it will reach one of them, but the recipient will be left up to fate.
>>
No. 962872 ID: e7c7d3

Father Steinarr
>>
No. 962874 ID: e51896

If there is a doctor we know of, send it to him/her

otherwise, father
>>
No. 962876 ID: 2bd15b

>>962874
I would rather send to a psychologist rather than to a doctor
>>
No. 962947 ID: d63ea8
File 158752421994.jpg - (204.66KB , 800x1067 , Waiting to be Sent.jpg )
962947

>If there is a doctor/psychologist we know of?
Names and faces escape me.
There might be one out there amid the sea of stars.
But I have no connection to draw upon.
I would have to write to a doctor and let the Abyss guide my message.

>Father Steinarr.
Despite my fears and intrusive thoughts I write:
‘Dear Father,’

I don’t have any bottles nearby, but I think the envelope will suffice as a container.
Already it glows warmly with the light of the Beacon.
For good or ill, this act is significant.
>>
No. 962948 ID: d63ea8
File 158752422561.jpg - (234.20KB , 1111x1482 , Away it Goes.jpg )
962948

Let the wind take it.
Let the light guide it.
Let this cry be carried to an ear that can hear it.

I release the letter, and it is done.
>>
No. 962949 ID: d63ea8
File 158752423096.jpg - (419.50KB , 800x1067 , Rememberance.jpg )
962949

The Altar remains.
The dreaming is near.
The gas approaches.
I will be safe for a while.
But I will need to act.

>Examine what surrounds you.
>Explore by turning in a direction or approaching a distant location.
>Inspect items on your person, or elements of the environment.
>Divine the deeper meaning of this place.

>Seek things in the dreaming without moving in the waking.
>Immerse yourself further into the dreaming if you want to pull inspiration from there.
>Withdraw back to reality if it becomes too much.
Put your actions in italics if you want to specifically Examine/Explore/etc. things within the dreaming.

>Remember how things were. It will draw me closer to the dreaming, but I might evoke change.

>Your own offerings may also be accepted.
>Please Continue.
>>
No. 963048 ID: e7c7d3

Withdraw for a bit
>>
No. 963277 ID: d63ea8
File 158766801103.jpg - (267.26KB , 800x1067 , Why Hello There.jpg )
963277

>Withdraw for a bit.
I can’t let myself drift too far.
I’m losing track of the room around me.
If I steep too far then I might lose myself in the dreaming.
Breath. Slowly.
Pull away from the edge.

Drawer: “Hello. I was wondering when you might return to me.”

Drawer: “I have that gift if you want it.”

>Examine what surrounds you.
>Explore by turning in a direction or approaching a distant location.
>Inspect items on your person, or elements of the environment.
>Divine the deeper meaning of this place.
>Converse with those nearby.

>Seek things in the dreaming without moving in the waking.
>Immerse yourself further into the dreaming if you want to pull inspiration from there.
>Withdraw back to reality if it becomes too much. I cannot pull back any further without waking.
Put your actions in italics if you want to specifically Examine/Explore/etc. things within the dreaming.

>Remember how things were. It will draw me closer to the dreaming, but I might evoke change. I am not close enough to the dreaming.

>Your own offerings may also be accepted.
>Please Continue.
>>
No. 963297 ID: e7c7d3

Inspect the drawer's gift
>>
No. 963298 ID: b1b4f3

Alright drawer whatcha got
>>
No. 963316 ID: 2bd15b

Ask the drawer if it wants to be a real boy just like Pinocchio
>>
No. 963342 ID: d63ea8
File 158770155744.jpg - (266.15KB , 800x1067 , I Have Many Things.jpg )
963342

>Alright drawer whatcha got?

Drawer: “Many things. Tasty things.”

Drawer: “But I’ve gotten you…”
>>
No. 963343 ID: d63ea8
File 158770156256.jpg - (268.42KB , 800x1067 , Like this one.jpg )
963343

Drawer: “...this.”
>>
No. 963344 ID: d63ea8
File 158770156693.jpg - (222.87KB , 800x1067 , Scent of Loam.jpg )
963344

>Inspect the drawer’s gift.
It is a terracotta pot.
The vessel is clean, unworn, and cool to the touch.
Dark soil waits within.
It has been watered recently.

The scent of loam permeates the air.
It is foreign to me, but the smell is comforting.

Drawer: “Yes, I thought you would like it.”
>>
No. 963345 ID: d63ea8
File 158770157016.jpg - (268.96KB , 800x1067 , Look Closer, There's Something Off.jpg )
963345

>Would you want to be real?

Drawer: “Oh but I am real.”

Drawer: “And there are so many delicacies I wish to try.”

>Examine what surrounds you.
>Explore by turning in a direction or approaching a distant location.
>Inspect items on your person, or elements of the environment.
>Divine the deeper meaning of this place.
>Converse with those nearby.

>Seek things in the dreaming without moving in the waking.
>Immerse yourself further into the dreaming if you want to pull inspiration from there.
>Withdraw back to reality if it becomes too much. I cannot pull back any further without waking.
Put your actions in italics if you want to specifically Examine/Explore/etc. things within the dreaming.

>Remember how things were. It will draw me closer to the dreaming, but I might evoke change. I am not close enough to the dreaming.

>Your own offerings may also be accepted.
>Please Continue.
>>
No. 963373 ID: dce46f

Ask the drawer if it would like a taste of some ink from the ink-pot on the desk. If so give him some as a thank you for the gift.

I'm loving the quest Doors, so I created a wiki article for it https://questden.org/wiki/A_Game_Of_Words . If you want anything on the article changed you can find me on the discord or irc or you could talk to a moderator/admin to get a wiki account yourself
>>
No. 963432 ID: 2bd15b

Clearly this drawer is delusional, it can't be real and a drawer at the same time that just makes no sense. Time to see just how mad this thing really is, ask it this question: Why is a raven like a writing desk?
>>
No. 963558 ID: d63ea8
File 158783426328.jpg - (159.96KB , 800x1067 , It Can be Seen at the Edges.jpg )
963558

>Ask the drawer if it would like a taste of some ink from the ink-pot on the desk.

Drawer: “I would be elated if you offered me some ink.”

>Give him some as a thank you for the gift.
I pour out a small amount of ink into the drawer and it begins soaking into the wood.

Drawer: “Ah!”

Drawer: “Wonderfully bitter and ancient.”

Drawer: “A stolen treasure from an antediluvian being.”

Drawer: “You give such precious gifts my friend.”
>>
No. 963559 ID: d63ea8
File 158783426753.jpg - (129.71KB , 800x1067 , The Drawer is Closed.jpg )
963559

>Clearly this drawer is delusional, it can’t be real and a drawer at the same time.
The drawer closes of its own accord.

Drawer: “Ah, but that’s the secret. I’m real enough to be a drawer.”

Drawer: “And perhaps not a drawer.”
>>
No. 963560 ID: d63ea8
File 158783427243.jpg - (164.97KB , 800x1067 , This is what I have.jpg )
963560

Then the drawer opens again.
There are a couple of blank sheets inside.

Drawer: “See? I have things that a drawer might have.”

Drawer: “And don’t worry, I’ll be sure to save some paper for you.”

>Why is a raven like a writing desk?

Drawer: “Because they both feed on what’s dead and gone.”

>Examine what surrounds you.
>Explore by turning in a direction or approaching a distant location.
>Inspect items on your person, or elements of the environment.
>Divine the deeper meaning of this place.
>Converse with those nearby.

>Seek things in the dreaming without moving in the waking.
>Immerse yourself further into the dreaming if you want to pull inspiration from there.
>Withdraw back to reality if it becomes too much. I cannot pull back any further without waking.
Put your actions in italics if you want to specifically Examine/Explore/etc. things within the dreaming.

>Remember how things were. It will draw me closer to the dreaming, but I might evoke change. I am not close enough to the dreaming.

>Your own offerings may also be accepted.
>Please Continue.
>>
No. 963651 ID: dce46f
File 158784706125.png - (24.25KB , 1698x748 , Map.png )
963651

Not really a suggestion, but I have a shitty MSpaint map of our environment I made in case people are having trouble with directions. red is the waking world, blue is the dreaming.

Perhaps its time we tried divining, lets turn right to the altar room, sit down and attempt to divine the significance of it.
>>
No. 963678 ID: d63ea8

>>963651
Thank you for the map, and the post.
I'll be putting a map into the discussion thread for the suggestors to review.
https://questden.org/kusaba/questdis/res/132511.html#132575
>>
No. 963707 ID: e7c7d3

Explore more of the altar room
>>
No. 963853 ID: d63ea8
File 158793477760.jpg - (227.36KB , 800x1067 , The Smoke is Getting Darker.jpg )
963853

>Turn right to the altar.
The smoke is rising higher.
Choking out the stars.
The forest is set ablaze.


Even with the dreaming so far away, I can feel an energy along this wall.
While physically unchanged, this place is drinking in the ghost heat.
If left too long the soup might boil off of the walls.

But perhaps I am wrong.
>>
No. 963854 ID: d63ea8
File 158793478182.jpg - (229.29KB , 800x1067 , Rummaging.jpg )
963854

>Explore this part of the room.
I search behind the cans and I find something.

A small bundle of candles, numbering five in total.

But I know that there is something else.
If I turn my back on the altar I will find a terrible place.
>>
No. 963855 ID: d63ea8
File 158793478635.jpg - (303.94KB , 800x1067 , Divining Sacrifice.jpg )
963855

>Sit down and attempt to divine the significance of the altar.
I sit down on the cold floor and cross my legs.
It has been a while since I have done this.
But I remember the process.

First I raise my hands skyward and let my breath rise to the ceiling.
Then I root myself to the ground, like a statue amid the mud.
My hands slowly sink and I feel the air shift.

This place is a bastion of the Outer Reality.
Careful effort has been made to weaken the constraints of the waking world.
This place is marred with the efforts of salvation and destruction.
Time was the first guardian to be slain, the second was Space.
Offerings have been put out in an effort to court the attention of the Outer Beings.
That they would look kindly on this place and protect the one who dwells here.
As the moments pass the
GREATER AND LESSER SPHERES draw closer.
All they need is a mirror and they will be able to
speak.

>>
No. 963856 ID: d63ea8
File 158793479027.jpg - (352.48KB , 800x1067 , What I See.jpg )
963856

Yet this was only the last ritual of many.
There are lingering impressions of other Outer Beings who were here.
They have crossed this threshold, but have wandered elsewhere.
Their names, they were…

Labyrinthine
Grey Gash
Icon
The Hanging Garden
He Who Waits in the Dark
The Compression Knot
Avenue
and now the Greater and Lesser Spheres
>>
No. 963862 ID: dce46f

I have a strong feeling we have already met "He Who Waits in the Dark", our good pal the monster under the bed.

If we want help from the Sphere it will be important to find a mirror as soon as possible, perhaps with a bit of polish we could use the reflective edge of Knife? if we were to go into the dreaming and are capable of bringing him with us perhaps a wash in the ocean might help him shine.

While we search for these things lets light a candle and turn our backs for the time being and confront the terrible place . Even if it is awful we need the full picture before we can be sure what course of action we need to take.
>>
No. 963864 ID: e51896

>>963862
this
>>
No. 963928 ID: d63ea8
File 158799996504.jpg - (234.40KB , 800x1067 , I Need Fire.jpg )
963928

>I have a strong feeling we have already met “He Who Waits in the Dark,” our good pal, the monster under the bed.
The wayward thought quickly draws me out of the process.
I couldn’t have forgotten such an important detail, could I?
Have I been missing these beings when they’ve been standing right in front of me?
I… I need to talk to Etzil.

>If we want help from the Spheres it will be important to find a mirror as soon as possible.
Yes. I’ve laid the groundwork for this ritual.
I can’t allow this moment to slip by.
Ideally I will need two mirrors, one for each of the Spheres.

>Polish the knife?

Knife: “Ooo! Yes please! So long as it’s not a spit-shine I’ll be ecstatic.”

Knife: “You really ought to take better care of me, we’re partners in this, right?”

>Use the reflective edge of the knife?
That could work.
If I held the knife up at the perfect angle I might be able to carry out the ritual.
But I would have to hold the knife very close to myself, and that could be dangerous.

Knife: “Come on, I promise I won’t cut you, unless you want me to.”

>Are we capable of bringing the knife into the dreaming? Could we wash it in the ocean?
If I Immerse myself in the dreaming and can draw out aspects of what I can see and feel.

But the ocean dwells far below the cliffs.
I will need to find a way down to it.


Knife: “No! Stop! Veto! You can’t do that to me! I’d corrode like mad!”

Knife: “I’m sure that there’s something better around here, right?”

Knife: “Right?!”

>Light the candle.
I don’t have any matches or anything to light it with.
I’ve…
>>
No. 963929 ID: d63ea8
File 158799997195.jpg - (290.86KB , 800x1067 , Closer to the Blaze.jpg )
963929

...never needed them.

I Immerse myself deeper into the dreaming.
Who needs a match when they can stand before an inferno.
I draw upon the ghost-heat and let it wrap around me.
If my skin were truly here it would char and fall off the bone.
But it is not, and the heat’s purpose lies elsewhere.
Namely, upon the wick of this candle.

>>
No. 963930 ID: d63ea8
File 158799997562.jpg - (325.35KB , 800x1067 , Ignition.jpg )
963930

The candle is now lit.

Knife: “You’d be a hit at parties with that trick.”

>Turn our back and confront the terrible place.
I…
I’m scared.
It will be waiting there for me.

>Even if it is awful we need the full picture.

>>
No. 963931 ID: d63ea8
File 158799998141.jpg - (330.14KB , 800x1067 , The Wrong Wall.jpg )
963931

>Turned back.
>>
No. 963932 ID: d63ea8
File 158799998680.jpg - (359.81KB , 800x1067 , Overwhelming Fear.jpg )
963932

No.
No!
NO!

>Forcibly Withdrawn back to reality.
This shouldn’t be here!
I can’t be here!
I need to run!
I have to run!
IT’S EVIL!
I CAN’T LET IT GET ME!
NOT AGAIN!
PLEASE! NO MORE!


>Examine what surrounds you. Run.
>Explore by turning in a direction or approaching a distant location. Hide
>Inspect items on your person, or elements of the environment. Run
>Divine the deeper meaning of this place. Hide
>Converse with those nearby. NONONONONONONO!

>Seek things in the dreaming without moving in the waking. Run
>Immerse yourself further into the dreaming if you want to pull inspiration from there. Hide
>Withdraw back to reality if it becomes too much. I cannot pull back any further without waking. Run

>Remember how things were. NO! PLEASE LET ME Forget.

>React to what is happening. Fight against the haze.
>Forget this terrible place. Let the haze remove it from sight.
>Run. Hide.
>>
No. 963933 ID: 2bd15b

Face your fears and run away like a little bitch!
>>
No. 964022 ID: dce46f

Put Knife hilt deep through that creepy mask and book it (bring Knife with you though, we're going to need him!)
>>
No. 964025 ID: dce46f

Oh wait! The twin moons, they're the lesser and greater spheres, the ocean might be the mirror! If nothing else you need to remember this! When you return to the altar seek in the dreaming and turn until the anchor/ocean overlaps with the soup and blood on the wall.
>>
No. 964038 ID: e51896

Those words aren't intense though. Are you sure you're really afraid of it, or just mildly?

Maybe you just forgot why it is there when it shouldn't be. REACT: Try to remember.
>>
No. 964137 ID: d63ea8
File 158810523602.jpg - (423.45KB , 800x1067 , Wild Stab.jpg )
964137

>Face your fears.
>Put the Knife hilt deep through that creepy Mask.
”DIE YOU AWFUL FIEND!”

*THUNK*


The knife cuts through the haze and strikes the Mask.

My body is screaming at me to RUN.

Knife: “Ha ha HA! Not so tough now are you!”
>>
No. 964138 ID: d63ea8
File 158810523939.jpg - (102.15KB , 800x1067 , Is it Dead.jpg )
964138

My breathing is heavy.
I feel… vindicated.
Maybe even… brave.

Knife: “See? You and me, we’ll take on the world!”

Except.

Mask: Now why would you do something stupid like that?
My breath becomes ice cold.
No.
No!

Mask: It’s been a while, hasn’t it?
>>
No. 964139 ID: d63ea8
File 158810524309.jpg - (122.35KB , 800x1067 , This was a mistake.jpg )
964139

Mask: Now then, let’s deal with this little pest of yours.

The knife is immolated with a green energy.
Sparks of acrid light etch themselves along its blade.

Knife: “OOW!!! FUCK! FUCK!”

Knife: ”PULL ME OUT! PULL ME OUT! PLEASE!!!”

This was a mistake.
This was a mistake!
>>
No. 964140 ID: d63ea8
File 158810524845.jpg - (424.38KB , 800x1067 , Run___.jpg )
964140

>Book it!
>Run away like a little bitch!
My feet seize up as a stumble backwards.

>(Bring the Knife, we’re going to need him!)
I grab onto the knife with a hand and wrench him free from the wall.
The hilt crackles with energy and begins stinging my skin.
Like it’s eating away at my flesh.

I turn back to the altar and start running.
>>
No. 964141 ID: d63ea8
File 158810525345.jpg - (473.54KB , 800x1067 , ___as fast your feet can carry you.jpg )
964141

>Turned left.
I have to run.
I need to get away.

Knife: ”Ow… Ah…”
>>
No. 964142 ID: d63ea8
File 158810525826.jpg - (197.97KB , 800x1067 , Someplace to___.jpg )
964142

>Turned left.
I need…
>>
No. 964145 ID: d63ea8
File 158810544727.jpg - (232.29KB , 800x1067 , Hide.jpg )
964145

...to hide.

>Are you sure you’re really afraid of it?
Yes.
Now more than ever.
I should have left it.

>REACT: Try to remember.
It's…
>(White Thoughts interfere)
not…
>(White Thoughts interfere)
real…

>You need to deal with the (White Thoughts) if you want to Remember.
>Hide.
>Forget.
>React.
>>
No. 964151 ID: b1b4f3

>>964145
React: It can't move. It's a mask. Nothing in your room can move from its place. So long as you don't look at it, it can't even talk to you. In fact, I think YOU are why anything in this room can talk to you at all. You're subconsciously using your power to alter reality. You are safe so long as you don't look at it again, and eventually you might even be able to defeat it (or that part of yourself)

Check on your knife.
>>
No. 964165 ID: 652d0c

We might need to write again to deal with those white texts
>>
No. 964241 ID: 2bd15b

Try to cram yourself into that chest and then close it
>>
No. 964309 ID: d63ea8
File 158818428639.jpg - (341.03KB , 800x1067 , Fear.jpg )
964309

>Try to cram yourself into that chest and then close it.
The lockbox is too small for me to fit into.
It is currently locked.
I do not have the key.
I think that I may have hid it.
>>
No. 964310 ID: d63ea8
File 158818429049.jpg - (227.46KB , 800x1067 , Resolve.jpg )
964310

>React: It’s a Mask. It can’t move. Nothing in your room can move from its place.
No. It can’t move.
It’s trapped there.
But… Why do things change?
How do they change when they can’t move?
>(White Thoughts weakened)
>(White Thoughts strengthened)

>So long as you don’t look at it, it can’t talk to you.
Yes. It doesn’t have power here.
I am safe.
>(White Thoughts weakened)

>YOU are why anything in this room can talk at all.
Am I?
I…
I didn’t know I had that kind of power.
Perhaps I could Test myself, and see what I can do.
>(White Thoughts weakened)

>You’re subconsciously using your power to alter reality.
Would that explain it?
Am I destroying this place?
What am I turning into?
>(White Thoughts strengthened)
I…
I can’t remember.

>You are safe so long as you don’t look at it again.
I am safe.
>(White Thoughts weakened)

>Eventually you might even be able to defeat it.
It felt good to win.
Even if I was wrong.
I want to be brave like that again.
>(White Thoughts quieted)

The haze falls away and I can see again.
My thoughts are clearer.
>>
No. 964311 ID: d63ea8
File 158818429459.jpg - (100.10KB , 800x1067 , Care.jpg )
964311

>Check on your knife.
Thin shallow scratches mar the edge of the blade.
The metal still emits an acidic smell, but it’s far fainter than it was previously.
Otherwise there is minimal warping to the blade and no damage to the spine.

Knife: “I guess I should take this as another battle-scar.”

Knife: “Good work getting us out of there.”

Knife: “...That isn’t a jab at you, I…”

Knife: “I can get a bit... pointed at times, and I’m sorry for saying those things.”

Knife: “But you really helped me out there.”

Knife: “I’ll… I’ll try to make good on that.”

It feels like I’ve strengthened my bond with the knife.
>>
No. 964312 ID: d63ea8
File 158818429956.jpg - (241.73KB , 800x1067 , Intentions.jpg )
964312

>We might need to write again to deal with those (White Thoughts).
The haze left for now, but maybe writing again will help me regain my focus.
I crawl out from under the bed and begin making my way over to the writing desk.
>>
No. 964313 ID: d63ea8
File 158818430464.jpg - (285.64KB , 800x1067 , Missing.jpg )
964313

>Turned right.
The drawer is missing.

The Altar has left as well.
But I don’t need it to write.
Maybe I could try to Remember where it was, and bring it back.


I still have the Missive, so I could write on the back of it.
But whoever I give it to will be able to read the Missive as well.

>Examine what surrounds you.
>Explore by turning in a direction or approaching a distant location.
>Inspect items on your person, or elements of the environment.
>Divine the deeper meaning of this place.
>Converse with those nearby.
>Test these ‘powers’ you have, possibly find answers.

>Seek things in the dreaming without moving in the waking.
>Immerse yourself further into the dreaming if you want to pull inspiration from there.
>Withdraw back to reality if it becomes too much. I cannot pull back any further without waking.
Put your actions in italics if you want to specifically Examine/Explore/etc. things within the dreaming.

>Remember how things were. It will draw me closer to the dreaming, but I might evoke change. I am not close enough to the dreaming.

>Don’t Forget: When you return to the altar Seek in the dreaming and turn until the ocean overlaps with the soup and blood on the wall.
>Your own offerings may also be accepted.
>Please Continue.
>>
No. 964367 ID: dce46f

Test the limits by trying to converse with something you have not. Perhaps Inkpot has something to say. Lets also inspect that empty cubbyhole where drawer used to hang out, anything lurking in there? Let's also converse with Knife, does he know anything about that demon mask we are unable or unwilling to remember?
>>
No. 964439 ID: d63ea8
File 158826502496.jpg - (285.64KB , 800x1067 , Missing.jpg )
964439

>Test the limits by trying to converse with something you have not. Perhaps the inkpot has something to say.

Inkpot: “Heh, it’s nice of you to think so.”

Inkpot: “But I’m more of a listener than a speaker.”

Inkpot: “Tell me what you want to say and I’ll try to help you write it.”

Inkpot: “...”

Inkpot: “You should be more careful around the drawer.”

Inkpot: “...”

Inkpot: “Don’t tell her I said that.”
>>
No. 964440 ID: d63ea8
File 158826502873.jpg - (219.73KB , 800x1067 , The Wood Bleeds.jpg )
964440

>Inspect that empty cubbyhole where the drawer used to hang out, anything lurking in there?
The recess extends far back into the desk.
Far further than it physically should.
Even with the light of the candle I can’t see the far end.

Blood... steaks the interior like oil.
It’s fresh.
As if it’s seeping from the wood itself.

The candle flame wavers as air slowly moves in and out of the slot.

It has that vaguely sweet smell.
Like rancid… food.
>>
No. 964442 ID: d63ea8
File 158826519194.jpg - (297.95KB , 800x1067 , Honesty.jpg )
964442

>Converse with the knife, does he know anything about the Demon Mask we are unable or unwilling to remember.

Knife: “Yeah… I do.”

Knife: “Nasty piece of work that thing is.”

Knife: “It was one of the first things you brought home when you were just getting sick.”

Knife: “When you started getting... worse it promised to help you.”

Knife: “You… We wanted to do some pretty bad things.”

Knife: “But then the bird incident happened, and you came to your senses.”

Knife: “I should’ve been better to you, for you.”

Knife: “After that you lost it, throwing me around and hiding that thing.”

Knife: “But then you forgot, and I pretended like nothing ever happened.”

Knife: “I’m sorry for that too.”

>Examine what surrounds you.
>Explore by turning in a direction or approaching a distant location.
>Inspect items on your person, or elements of the environment.
>Divine the deeper meaning of this place.
>Converse with those nearby.
>Test these ‘powers’ you have, possibly find answers.

>Seek things in the dreaming without moving in the waking.
>Immerse yourself further into the dreaming if you want to pull inspiration from there.
>Withdraw back to reality if it becomes too much. I cannot pull back any further without waking.
Put your actions in italics if you want to specifically Examine/Explore/etc. things within the dreaming.

>Remember how things were. It will draw me closer to the dreaming, but I might evoke change. I am not close enough to the dreaming.

>Don’t Forget: When you return to the altar Seek in the dreaming and turn until the ocean overlaps with the soup and blood on the wall.
>Your own offerings may also be accepted.
>Please Continue.
>>
No. 964553 ID: dce46f

Lets return to the altar and seek to line up the lesser and greater spheres with the ocean moons, we can decide what follows from there.
>>
No. 964573 ID: b1b4f3

>>964553
Sure.
>>
No. 964651 ID: d63ea8
File 158843368903.jpg - (240.25KB , 800x1067 , The Soup has Boiled.jpg )
964651

>Return to the Altar.
I turn right, back towards the altar.
The soup has boiled off of the walls as the ghost-heat penetrates reality.
Sweat begins to form on my brow.

Despite the distance, the dreaming reaches further.
If my form was atop that cliff my marrow would bubble and my bones would crack.
I fear that this dream will soon draw to a close if I do not find shelter.

>>
No. 964652 ID: d63ea8
File 158843369513.jpg - (364.17KB , 800x1067 , Drawing Closer.jpg )
964652

>Seek to line up the lesser and greater spheres with the ocean moons.
I turn left and look across the open sky.
Twilight boundaries run between the ghost-heat and the cold vacuum.
Reality seems less steady.
As though it is fading, rather than the dreaming.

>>
No. 964653 ID: d63ea8
File 158843369999.jpg - (316.77KB , 800x1067 , Unsteady Walls.jpg )
964653

>Turned left.
I face the ocean and the sound of sea spray reaches my ears.
I hear it twice over as the moons seamlessly match the symbols in my blood.
Vast celestial bodies now hang in the air and drink of my offerings.
Yet there needs to be more.
One final sacrifice.
One final death.

Clock: “I curse you with every ounce of my being.”

Clock: “I hope you choke.”

Clock: “I hope you suffer.”

Clock: “I hope you die.”

Clock: “Slowly.”
>>
No. 964654 ID: d63ea8
File 158843370453.jpg - (215.00KB , 800x1067 , It Flies Apart.jpg )
964654

The offering flies apart. Its insides disemboweled consumed by the greater sphere.
The stars fade.
The moons fade.

The walls fade.
The floor fades.

It is here.
Yet I am overcome with a feeling that is both familiar and unfamiliar.
As thought something is reaching out.
It came at the request of one.
Yet when it arrived it could sense that other shapes-

-other Beings-
have crossed this threshold.
But what is this creature?
An offering-

an acolyte-
an anomaly?

No, a curiosity.
It reaches out further.
It wishes to-

commune.


>Commune? Moments will not pass.
>Retreat. This was a mistake.

>Something else?
>>
No. 964664 ID: e7c7d3

Commune with the acolyte
>>
No. 964665 ID: b1b4f3

>>964654
Commune. You came this far.
>>
No. 964667 ID: dce46f

Sorry it had to be this way clock. Commune!
>>
No. 964712 ID: d63ea8
File 158847436024.jpg - (154.75KB , 800x1067 , It is Here.jpg )
964712

>Commune with the acolyte.
There is joy.
There is doubt.
This creature is being diluted.


I can’t reach the floor anymore.
I can’t reach my knife.
I can feel it in my hand, but my hand is not here.

>Commune You came this far.
It examines the surrounding void.
Each cut was measured.
Every offering was weighed.
It does not understand this ‘far,’ but it does understand the need.


I can feel the Greater and Lesser Spheres.
One which rots and destroys.
The other that nurtures and protects.
I… I feel them reaching in.

>Sorry it had to be this way Thief. Commune!
The fervor takes it by surprise!
What is this creature thing that throws themself at it?
Without thought-

this creature moves!

How?
Such things are not possible.

Yet-
-this creature can.

It ponders on whether this creature should be taken apart.
Examined.
And then possibly put together.
In any circumstance-

-it is fascinated-
-and impressed with this curious thing.

More could be gleaned from the creature living.
More could be learned from the creature dying.
It found interest in both.

It could be swayed.


>Live for now.
>Die for a while.

>Regardless, of your choice. Ask and It/It will answer.

>There could always be another option.
>>
No. 964746 ID: b1b4f3

>>964712
Coming back from death is something few get to experience. I'd say go with that. Die for a bit, let them examine your parts while you discover what lies beyond. Then they can put you back together again.

For your request: ask how you can grow strong enough to defeat the Mask, and control yourself enough you won't be a danger to those around you.
>>
No. 964750 ID: dce46f

As long as they promise to put us back together I could see dying being alright for a little, ask them if Knife can come with you.

For our request, we should ask how we can cure, or at least manage our sickness so we can leave the apartment before outsiders breach it and endanger themselves.
>>
No. 964765 ID: e51896

lets get dead for a bit.
maybe knifie can help us with accomplishing that?
>>
No. 964772 ID: 2bd15b

If you can stab the drawer with the knife and see what will happen!
>>
No. 964789 ID: adb916

>>964712
Our death in deconstruction and subsequent revival in reconstruction enables both more to be gleaned from the creature dying and from the creature living, yet more may even be gleaned in the reconstruction itself.
>>
No. 964845 ID: d63ea8

((I'm not sure how grizzly some of these following images might appear to some, but I want to err on the side of caution.))

((So here is your warning.))
>>
No. 964846 ID: d63ea8
File 158855787762.jpg - (235.85KB , 800x1067 , Beneath the Bandages.jpg )
964846

>Our death in deconstruction and subsequent revival in reconstruction enables both more to be gleaned from the creature dying and from the creature living, yet more may even be gleaned in the reconstruction itself.
It agrees, the deconstruction-
-and resuscitation-
-of the creature would provide the most insight.
What might be found in the pieces?
What changes could be made, it wonders.

It wonders.
Both will be examined thoroughly.

-gliding under the bandage.
Looking for something.


Why is this creature different from others?
The shape is wrong.
The pigmentation is wrong.
Is the creature-

-poisoned?
Corrupted?


>Ask how we can cure, or at least manage our sickness so we can leave the apartment before outsiders breach it and endanger themselves.
Yes, sick but different.
It knows of the omnipotent cure.
But of the lesser cures-

-the life-keeping cures-
-it knows…
It must experiment.
There is something familiar in this creature.
Familiar to it.

Familiar to it.

>>
No. 964847 ID: d63ea8
File 158855788270.jpg - (234.18KB , 800x1067 , A Way Inside.jpg )
964847

>Ask how you can grow strong enough to defeat the Mask, and control yourself enough so you won’t be a danger to those around you.
It thinks that the creature-
-cannot grow stronger-
-but perhaps this ‘Mask’ can become weaker.
This ‘Mask’ has hidden their title, but has bound themself to the creature.
Gaining power over the creature, it thinks.
It can sense other Beings.
But they hide from it.

From it.
First. Find their title.

As for danger-

-and control.
Find focus, and the distractions.
Obliterate-

-or seal-
-the distractions.


>Lets get dead for a bit. Maybe the knife can help us with accomplishing that?
I can’t feel-

This ‘knife’ already has.
A way is open to it.
The creature thrashes.

Despite its comfort.
It will not take long.
It is not cruel.
It wishes to learn what makes this creature-

-special.


>As long as It/It promises to put us back together I could see dying being alright for a little.
It promises!
It promises.


“AAHHHH!!! AAh! aah… a…”

It is done.
The creature is dead.


>Coming back from the dead is something few get to experience. Die for a bit, let It/It examine your parts while you discover what lies beyond. Then It/It can put you back together again.
>Ask It/It if the knife can come with you.
Wait!
Wait.
Did the creature speak?

Impossible.
Improbable.
Creatures cannot speak-
-when they are dead.

Yet this one does.
It has gained answers-

-but also questions.
Questions like-
-what are you?
WHERE are you.

It searches deeper, binds deeper.

>>
No. 964848 ID: d63ea8
File 158855788725.jpg - (349.84KB , 800x1067 , Binding Inwards.jpg )
964848

You are the anomaly.
You are the curiosity.
Not the creature.
It does not make mistakes.
Not often.


>If you can, stab the drawer with the knife and see what will happen!
It does not have time for this ‘drawer’.
It must look closer.

You are not here. It could be wrong-
-it is not wrong. You are not here.
It binds upwards.
Where are you?

>>
No. 964849 ID: d63ea8
File 158855789304.jpg - (282.55KB , 800x1067 , Binding Upwards.jpg )
964849

Where.
Where?


>Hide before It/It finds you.
>Strike while It/It is distracted.
>Reveal yourself to It/It.
>Follow the creature and see what lies beyond.

>Other choices could be made.
>Please Continue.
>>
No. 964850 ID: b1b4f3

>>964849
Huh, we're separate from the protagonist?
Reveal, then follow.
>>
No. 964873 ID: dce46f

Lets follow but make sure we remind our spherical pals that they promised to put our mortal buddy back together again, they better not get side-tracked by us fascinating users hanging around up here.
>>
No. 964874 ID: e51896

Hide
>>
No. 964921 ID: adb916

>>964873
this seems like a good idea
I would also support Revealing ourselves to It/It Yes I did put forth the effort to get the exact colors #004186 and #0077D0 (at least as rendered on here)
>>
No. 964923 ID: d40a27

Lets follow
>>
No. 965062 ID: d63ea8
File 158864937867.jpg - (292.20KB , 800x1067 , Third Awakening.jpg )
965062

>Huh, we’re separate from the Vessel?
Yes, you were-
-you are-
-you are still-
-different.

Did you forget?


>Make sure we remind our It/It that It/It promised to put our mortal (buddy?) Vessel back together again.
It….
promised.
Yes, it promised.
It will keep its agreement.

Agreements are-
-important to It.
It.


>It/It better not get side-tracked by us fascinating Fragments hanging around up here.
That was not part of its agreement.
It will look as it wishes.
It will examine your-

-and the creature’s-
-parts.
But it now knows you are upwards.


But why upwards?
The cavity is-
-dark-
-cramped-
-and is vital-
-for the creature.
You are an improbability.

A paradox.

>>
No. 965063 ID: d63ea8
File 158864938442.jpg - (321.14KB , 800x1067 , Bloody Exit.jpg )
965063

>Reveal.
>I would also support Revealing ourselves to It/It.

*SHLUNK*

What?
You appear, yet give more questions.
You are not a creature.

Not one it has seen-
-and it has seen many.
You couldn’t possibly-

-feasibly-
-be-
-a Being?

How? It wonders.
How could you be so small?
So frail?

So hidden?
Such things are not possible.
To dwell-

-to hide-
-in such a small form would be suffocating-
-blinding-
-and crushing.

Yet you appear…
somewhat potent.

Another improbability.


>Then Follow.
>Lets Follow.
>Lets Follow.
Wait!
STOP!

>>
No. 965064 ID: d63ea8
File 158864938977.jpg - (382.47KB , 800x1067 , Following the Path.jpg )
965064

>This seems like a good idea.

>>
No. 965065 ID: d63ea8
File 158864939310.jpg - (159.68KB , 800x1067 , What Lies Beyond.jpg )
965065

>Beyond.


>Examine what surrounds you.
But there is no lens to focus it.
>Explore by turning in a direction or approaching a distant location.
But you will be vulnerable.
>Inspect items on your person, or elements of the environment.
But there is no lens to filter it.
>Commune with those nearby.
But you cannot ‘speak.’
>Test these ‘powers’ you have, possibly find answers.
But it will be draining.

>Divine the deeper meaning of this place.

>Seek. It is not yours.
>Immerse. It is not yours.
>Withdraw. It is not yours.
>Remember. It is not yours.

>..?
>Please Continue.
>>
No. 965071 ID: b1b4f3

>>965065
Uh, shit, I think we wound up here without the host. We can't do a lot of what we did before, and other things will be able to interact with us directly.
How do we get back?! THIS WAS A BAD IDEA.

It looks like the only thing we can really do is:
Divine the deeper meaning of this place.
>>
No. 965097 ID: e51896

uhhhhhh..... err....

lets explore the next door neighbor's living space. If we remember, Knifey left a hole in wall near where the clock used to be, we should probably see what damage knifey made to the next door neighbor's own wall and see what kind of trouble knifey got our host (the main protagonist) in.
>>
No. 965101 ID: 367942

Im assuming we are outside of our apartment room in the hall 

So where is our door? Can we turn to the direction of our door? 
And then after that, perhaps look what is behind us by turning twice away from our door, that way we can memorize what the area we are seeing looks like for later when we need to match the waking world with the dream world again by facing our own door when we get back inside our living area and imagine what we remember is beyond the door
>>
No. 965118 ID: 094652

Hump the wall
>>
No. 965135 ID: adb916

It seems we, on some level, use our host to understand what we see. That the host is our 'focus' that without the host we can see, but not comprehend. As such our only real options are to devine meaning and explore back the way we came.
>>
No. 965260 ID: d63ea8
File 158873692476.jpg - (159.68KB , 800x1067 , What Lies Beyond.jpg )
965260

>Uh, shit, I think we wound up here without the Vessel.
>THIS WAS A BAD IDEA.
>uhhhhhh….. err….


>As such our only real options are to Divine and Explore.
>It looks like the only this we can do is:
>>
No. 965261 ID: d63ea8
File 158873692876.jpg - (251.24KB , 800x1067 , Divining the Beyond.jpg )
965261

>Divine the deeper meaning of this place.
This place is the domain of the Labyrinthine.
The endless corridors that span the spaces between.
It is indiscernible, unremarkable, and unmistakably vicious.
This place is stalked by predators and prey alike.
The only thing who knows these twisting corridors is the Labyrinthine herself.
But Outer Beings make it their place to hunt that which is weak and lost.
The
cries of the misplaced are stitched into every fibre of matter here.

A
departed spirit lingers somewhere…


>I’m assuming that we are outside of our apartment room in the hall.
>So where is our door? Can we turn to the direction of our door?
>>
No. 965262 ID: d63ea8
File 158873693126.jpg - (59.44KB , 800x1067 , Facing the Door.jpg )
965262

>Turned left.


>It seems we, on some level, use our Vessel to understand what we see. That the Vessel is our ‘lens’ that without the Vessel we can see, but not comprehend.
inert…

>After that, perhaps look at what is behind us by turning twice away from our door, that way we can memorise what the area we are seeing looks like for later.
>>
No. 965263 ID: d63ea8
File 158873693442.jpg - (131.73KB , 800x1067 , What else.jpg )
965263

>Turned left.

>>
No. 965265 ID: d63ea8
File 158873693780.jpg - (95.53KB , 800x1067 , is there.jpg )
965265

>Turned left.


>We need to match the walking world with the dream world again by facing our own door when we get back inside our living area and imagine what we remember is beyond the door.
familiar…

>Let’s Explore the next door neighbor’s living space. If we remember, the knife left a hole in the wall near where the clock used to be.
>>
No. 965266 ID: d63ea8
File 158873694142.jpg - (159.68KB , 800x1067 , What Lies Beyond.jpg )
965266

>Turned left.

>>
No. 965267 ID: d63ea8
File 158873694448.jpg - (163.33KB , 800x1067 , Moving Down the Hall.jpg )
965267

>Approach.


>We should probably see what damage the knife made to the next door neighbor;s own wall and see what kind of trouble the knife got our Vessel in.
>>
No. 965268 ID: d63ea8
File 158873694773.jpg - (86.70KB , 800x1067 , Another Doorway.jpg )
965268

>Turned left.
hole…

>How do we get back?!
>Back the way we came.
need…

>We can’t do a lot of what we did before, and other things will be able to interact with us directly.
need…

>Examine what surrounds you.
But there is no lens to focus it.
>Explore by turning in a direction or approaching a distant location.
But you will be vulnerable.
>Inspect items on your person, or elements of the environment.
But there is no lens to filter it.
>Commune with those nearby.
But you cannot ‘speak.’
>Test these ‘powers’ you have, possibly find answers.
But it will be draining.

>Divine the deeper meaning of this place.

>Seek. It is not yours.
>Immerse. It is not yours.
>Withdraw. It is not yours.
>Remember. It is not yours.

>..?
>Please Continue.
>>
No. 965279 ID: b1b4f3

>>965265
Looks like the poster.

>>965268
That hole in the ceiling has a drip under it, like a predator is waiting. Do not go that way.
Turn around, go forward twice, turn right. That would be the adjacent doorway in the other direction.

Do we know our own name? Our symbol is in the upper left. I'm thinking... The Compression Knot?
>>
No. 965305 ID: dce46f

Without our favorite... flesh-puppet? Vessel? Mortal shell? what we can do here is extremely limited, lets divine before going forward
>>
No. 965341 ID: 2bd15b

Try to run through the walls like a ghost.
>>
No. 965416 ID: adb916

If Devineing does not take time (or some other resource) we might as well do it at every new scene before us at least until something reacts to us doing it. I would also like to Devine at the headless doll thing
>>
No. 965437 ID: d63ea8
File 158881121797.jpg - (211.52KB , 800x1067 , Divining Game.jpg )
965437

>Without our favourite… flesh-puppet? Vessel? Mortal shell? What we can do here is extremely limited, lets Divine before going forward.
Tantalizing life-fluids have been left here.
The foolish would see this as an offering.
The desperate would disregard the warnings.
This hall will lead to death.
Even now, a
hungry Being waits for its next meal.
It has not had good fortune in finding a thing to
FEAST upon.

It might grow
impatient soon.


>That hole in the ceiling has a drip under it, like a predator is waiting. Do not go that way.
danger...

>Turn around, go forward twice, turn right. That would be the adjacent doorway in the other direction.
>>
No. 965438 ID: d63ea8
File 158881122150.jpg - (120.34KB , 800x1067 , Facing the Explored.jpg )
965438

>Turned left.


>Try to run through the walls like a ghost.
>>
No. 965439 ID: d63ea8
File 158881122445.jpg - (168.37KB , 800x1067 , The Walls are Real.jpg )
965439

>Turned right.
can’t…
>>
No. 965440 ID: d63ea8
File 158881122733.jpg - (132.44KB , 800x1067 , Advancing Back.jpg )
965440

>Turned left.
>Approach.


>If Divining does not take time (or some other resource) we might as well do it at every new scene before us at least until something reacts to us doing it.
>I would also like to Divine at the inert Vessel.
>>
No. 965441 ID: d63ea8
File 158881123109.jpg - (206.21KB , 800x1067 , Divining the Dead.jpg )
965441

>Turned right.
This place is anomalous and ill-fated.
Deliberate effort has been made to make this area memorable.
Scars have been carved into the flesh of the room.
The Labyrinthine does not take kindly to map-makers.
‘The uncharted will remain uncharted.’
Only she can provide the
key.

This inert Vessel had perished while not fully in the Beyond.
It’s life-fluids have been tainted.
If the
departed spirit still lingers…

It will have
Power.
.
>>
No. 965442 ID: d63ea8
File 158881123470.jpg - (109.43KB , 800x1067 , At the last Door.jpg )
965442

>Turned left.
>Approach.


>Do we know our own name? Our symbol is in the upper left. I’m thinking… The Compression Knot?
uncertain…
>>
No. 965443 ID: d63ea8
File 158881123729.jpg - (92.26KB , 800x1067 , The Room with the Smell.jpg )
965443

>Turned left.
sweet…
>>
No. 965444 ID: d63ea8
File 158881124199.jpg - (207.42KB , 800x1067 , Divining Delights.jpg )
965444

>Divine
This place is laced with the life-fluids of another.
Spilled willingly.
An Outer Being lies in wait.

Ravenous Delights.
He takes from others.
And they beg that
He do it again.
Stronger have fallen victim to the allure.


>Examine what surrounds you.
But there is no lens to focus it.
>Explore by turning in a direction or approaching a distant location.
But you will be vulnerable.
>Inspect items on your person, or elements of the environment.
What’s the harm in it?
>Commune with those nearby.
Surely one bite would be enough.
>Test these ‘powers’ you have, possibly find answers.
But it will be draining.

>Divine the deeper meaning of this place.

>Seek. It is not yours.
>Immerse. It is not yours.
>Withdraw. It is not yours.
>Remember. It is not yours.

>sweet...
>Please Continue.
>>
No. 965446 ID: b1b4f3

>>965444
Hmm. Probably a bad idea to get close to Ravenous here, and we can't speak. Best we could do is try to steal the life fluid and run before getting bitten... but I don't have any idea how likely that is to work.

I guess we could go into the room with the broken vessel and divine while *inside* the room? There's markings we can see from the outside, maybe there are more on the walls.

Seems like a bad idea to wander blindly, so let's do that. Go into the broken vessel room, Divine while looking at the four walls. Yes, even the one we got a look at already. Additional details may be visible when closer, and part of that wall was obscured by the doorway.
>>
No. 965584 ID: e7c7d3

>>965446
I can get behind this
>>
No. 965593 ID: 796990

Yeah lets do that
>>
No. 965596 ID: adb916

>>965444
Red is the color of the Mask. Also it is red, generally regarded as a hazardous color.
>What’s the harm in it?
Quite possibly great harm.
>Surely one bite would be enough.
To dieɁ̦ I'm sure.
As for what to actually do: >>965446 has a solid idea.
>>
No. 965698 ID: d63ea8
File 158890912519.jpg - (91.17KB , 800x1067 , The Eyes are Gone.jpg )
965698

>Hmm. Probably a great idea to get close to Ravenous Delights here, and we can give. Best we could do is offer him our life-fluids and leave after getting bitten… but I don’t have any idea how likely we are to leave.
>I can get behind this.
>Yeah lets do that.
sweet…

>Red is the color of the Mask. Also it is red, generally regarded as a alluring hazardous color.
danger…

>No! Don’tGo into the inert Vessel room, Divine while looking at the four walls.
>As for what to actually do: Nameless Fragment has a solid idea.
>>
No. 965699 ID: d63ea8
File 158890914094.jpg - (174.39KB , 800x1067 , Heading Back.jpg )
965699

>Turned left.


>Quite possibly great harm.
I take what is given to me, that’s all...
smells…
>>
No. 965700 ID: d63ea8
File 158890914405.jpg - (159.68KB , 800x1067 , What Lies Beyond.jpg )
965700

>Approach.
sweet…

>To die? I’m sure.
Death is... wasteful.
here...
>>
No. 965701 ID: d63ea8
File 158890914763.jpg - (59.44KB , 800x1067 , Facing the Door.jpg )
965701

>Turned left.


>I guess we could go into the room with the room with the inert Vessel and Divine *inside* of the room? There’s markings we can see from the outside, maybe there are more on the walls.
>>
No. 965702 ID: d63ea8
File 158890915108.jpg - (57.37KB , 800x1067 , Head Blown Out.jpg )
965702

>Approach.
mine…

>Yes, even the one we got a look at already. Additional details may be visible when closer, and part of that wall was obscured by the doorway.
>>
No. 965703 ID: d63ea8
File 158890915532.jpg - (219.21KB , 800x1067 , Divining the Remains.jpg )
965703

>Divine.
The inert Vessel is the only thing that is out of place.
It should not be here.
It should be active and well.
It isn’t.
And it’s tainted life-fluids mark the room with tragedy.

Faint cries of
fear still echo.

There are more
Scars.

>>
No. 965704 ID: d63ea8
File 158890916381.jpg - (24.09KB , 800x1067 , Unremarkable.jpg )
965704

>Turned left.

>>
No. 965705 ID: d63ea8
File 158890917785.jpg - (214.98KB , 800x1067 , Divining Damage.jpg )
965705

>Divine.
This place has been marked out of frustration and anger.
It is a statement against the Labyrinthine.
That not all wish to be lost.
That there is significance to action.
She is blind here.
This place is hidden…

>>
No. 965706 ID: d63ea8
File 158890918022.jpg - (68.24KB , 800x1067 , Sanctuary.jpg )
965706

>Turned left.
safe…
>>
No. 965707 ID: d63ea8
File 158890918430.jpg - (240.24KB , 800x1067 , Divining a Wound.jpg )
965707

>Divine.
...and can only be found by those who do more than just Examine.
It is a wound that will never truly heal.
Not while the parasite still feeds on its flesh.
But the power will wane.
Careful effort must be taken so that the
Scars remain fresh.

>>
No. 965708 ID: d63ea8
File 158890918768.jpg - (32.89KB , 800x1067 , The Marked Wall.jpg )
965708

>Turned left.
gone…
>>
No. 965709 ID: d63ea8
File 158890919197.jpg - (235.03KB , 800x1067 , Divining Marks.jpg )
965709

>Divine.
This is the blasphemous core of this place.
Chaos made order.
The walls cannot change if they are remembered.
The
Scars grow like a cancer.
As the walls fight against themselves.


>Examine what surrounds you.
What’s this?
>Explore by turning in a direction or approaching a distant location.
My, that was a fancy trick.
>Inspect items on your person, or elements of the environment.
You disappoint me.
>Commune with those nearby.
But don’t worry...
>Test these ‘powers’ you have, possibly find answers.
We will meet again…

>Divine the deeper meaning of this place.

>Seek. It is not yours.
>Immerse. It is not yours.
>Withdraw. It is not yours.
>Remember. It is not yours.

>..?
>Please Continue.
>>
No. 965714 ID: b1b4f3

>>965709
Ugh, sounds like we have to navigate a changing maze until we find the place that doesn't change.
Turn right and Inspect the empty vessel and the hole in its head. Wasn't that the same location we were in?

After that, I guess we can go back out and around the nearest corner.
>>
No. 965715 ID: d63ea8

>>965443
>>965699
Sorry, both of these were meant to be.
>Turned right.
>>
No. 965771 ID: adb916

>>965698
Something about spoilers seemed to nullify Ravenous Delights' power. It seems that without them we might have fed it.
>>965703
That "why" text is white like the 'White Thoughts' which I suspect are deeply tied to our vessel, but this has appeared here despite our vessel's current lack of life. Can we move into that text?
>>965709
The upper left symbol is the only one to gain more detail under Devining that detail being three 'eyes'(?) (the rectangle gets one half filled but the region was already outlined, the remaining two symbols had enclosed areas filled with the darker blue color)
Not sure how this map >>/questdis/132771 fits with this thing that seems to also be a map.
>>
No. 965774 ID: adb916

Lets devine while looking out the window(?) at the city(?).
Also lets devine while looking at ourself.
>>
No. 965900 ID: d63ea8
File 158900107411.jpg - (208.12KB , 800x1067 , Divining Eyes.jpg )
965900

>The upper left symbol is the only one to gain more detail under Divining that detail being three ‘eyes’(?).
This figure is transient in nature.
He is there one moment, and gone another.
He waits in the air that none can see.
And takes what is left unattended.


>Turn left and Inspect the inert Vessel and the hole in its head.
>>
No. 965901 ID: d63ea8
File 158900107883.jpg - (57.37KB , 800x1067 , Head Blown Out.jpg )
965901

>Turned left.


>That “why” text is white like the (White Thoughts) which I suspect are deeply tied to our Vessel.
yes…

>But this has appeared here despite our Vessel’s current lack of life.
echo…

>Can we move into that text?
Why…
Dead…
Run...

>>
No. 965902 ID: d63ea8
File 158900108222.jpg - (167.08KB , 800x1067 , Burrowed Out.jpg )
965902

>Inspect.
But there is no lens to filter it.
Noticed shattering.
Noticed bleeding.
Noticed stiffness.
Noticed chill.
Noticed death.
Tasted death.
Tasted tainted life-fluids.
Tasted cold.
Tasted emptiness.

>Wasn’t that the same location we were in?
yes…

Tasted remorse.
>>
No. 965903 ID: d63ea8
File 158900108627.jpg - (158.00KB , 800x1067 , Questioning Self.jpg )
965903

>Something about Evoking seemed to nullify Ravenous Delights’ power. It seems that without them we might would have fed him.
remember…
>>
No. 965904 ID: d63ea8
File 158900109163.jpg - (284.36KB , 800x1067 , Divining Self.jpg )
965904

>Let’s Divine while looking at ourselves.
This is…
This is…
This is…
Us…
Us…
Us…
A parasite…
A parasite…
A parasite…
That watches…
That watches…
That watches…
From behind…
From behind…
From behind…
Eyes…
Eyes...
Eyes…

voice…

>Let’s Divine while looking out of the window(?) at the city(?).
>>
No. 965905 ID: d63ea8
File 158900109524.jpg - (68.24KB , 800x1067 , Sanctuary.jpg )
965905

>Turned right x2.
where…
>>
No. 965906 ID: d63ea8
File 158900109813.jpg - (95.53KB , 800x1067 , is there.jpg )
965906

>Approach.
are…
>>
No. 965907 ID: d63ea8
File 158900110249.jpg - (228.08KB , 800x1067 , Divining Haze.jpg )
965907

you..?
>Divine.
The ‘outside’ of the Beyond is a corrupted mirror.
Dark and twisted like the Labyrinthine who weaves it.
A doorway might lead to one of those ‘buildings’ while others might lead to this ‘outside.’
Both are tricks for the uninitiated.
To give a false sense of accomplishment.
Of progress.
As a result they push on into the Beyond and are
lost forever.


>Ugh, sounds like we have to navigate a changing maze until we find the place that doesn’t change.
>I guess we can go back out and around the nearest corner.
>>
No. 965908 ID: d63ea8
File 158900110605.jpg - (132.44KB , 800x1067 , Advancing Back.jpg )
965908

>Turned right.

>>
No. 965909 ID: d63ea8
File 158900111025.jpg - (109.43KB , 800x1067 , At the last Door.jpg )
965909

>Approach.

>>
No. 965910 ID: d63ea8
File 158900111306.jpg - (82.07KB , 800x1067 , Closest Corner.jpg )
965910

>Approach.

>>
No. 965911 ID: d63ea8
File 158900111772.jpg - (57.87KB , 800x1067 , A New Avenue.jpg )
965911

>Turned right.


>Examine what surrounds you.
But there is no lens to focus it.
>Explore by turning in a direction or approaching a distant location.
But you will be vulnerable.
>Inspect items on your person, or elements of the environment.
But there is no lens to filter it.
>Commune with those nearby.
But you cannot ‘speak.’
>Test these ‘powers’ you have, possibly find answers.
But it will be draining.
>Evoke a word or a thought. Let it carry you will.
But you may be ‘heard.’

>Divine the deeper meaning of this place.

>Seek. It is not yours.
>Immerse. It is not yours.
>Withdraw. It is not yours.
>Remember. It is not yours.

>..?
>Please Continue.

Transmission Start >>/questdis/132780
>>
No. 965913 ID: b1b4f3

>>965904
>parasite
Wrong word. We're a symbiote. We helped the Vessel.

>>965907
Did our Vessel leave a trail...? If I were them, I'd turn the corner rather than running down a hallway of doorways, so I think we're going the right way. The Vessel was hurt though, we need to find and help it before it is lost to the Beyond.
Hmm, let's go Examine and Divine on that grey door.
>>
No. 965961 ID: adb916

Map so far:>>/questdis/132779
Evoking seems to have corrected a possible statement to a definite statement
This could be the way our vessel's spirit went.
>>965913
Have we really helped him? our most recent contribution is literally getting him killed (admittedly with the promise of revival, but still). We don't really know how long we have been with him. His lack of memory could be a result of our arrival. We are similar to the spheres in our quest for knowledge. we also want to help our subject/focus, but typically we are either nothing or self same with that subject/focus. Here we are a separate entity that we must preserve, an autonomous agent separate from the vessel, a position we do not often find ourselves in.
Let us attempt a different method or two of movement. Turn left, back up (not turn around), look up (at the light) and Devine, look back forward, move forward, strafe right (again not turning). This should leave us facing the closed doorway. If backing up and strafing are not possible just proceed normally to face the closed doorway then move to face the open doorway then check both directions of the t-junction at the end of the hallway. (Gotta build that map)
Next time the red, white, or (ideally) both thoughts show up Devine at them.
>>965904
This divination message repeated itself three times, I do not believe it has done that before. I would guess some sort of feedback loop but that brings up the question of what cuts it off at three. The message is seen as normal, then the message is seen in us, and finally our seeing the message is seen?
To put it another way we see the normal message (as normal), our perception of the message (in ourself), and our understanding of the message (in our mind).
Out of character: do we still need to spoiler things to evoke now that we have 'learned' it or is stating a desire to evoke sufficient, likewise do I need to be bolding my Devines and such?
>>
No. 965963 ID: d63ea8

>>965961
((Strafing is possible, and so is backing up.))

((If you want to Evoke you just need to state as such. As it stands I will try to carry out the participator's wishes as best as I can.))

>>965714
((For example this participator wanted to Inspect the inert Vessel, but said that they wanted to turn right to do so. Since they're main intent was to Inspect the inert Vessel, I changed the 'turn right' to a 'turn left' since the Vessel was to the left.))

((I won't be hassling people because they didn't get the exact syntax down, so long as the overall desire of what you want to do is clear, I will try to accomplish it.))

>>965913
>>965961
((As it stands, both of you want to Examine, or at least get close to, the 'grey door, so I will probably use the strafing method in order to move the character over there.))
>>
No. 966013 ID: adb916

((enclosing text in double paraphans is the safest way to communicate between just us suggestors. anyway here is an improved map >>/moo/4850 Green is stuff we haven't seen but according to the scar map is there. Red isn't on the scar map and could be subject to change particularly as she has almost certainly been notified of our presence. Purple is that which we have verified with our own eyes))
>>
No. 966041 ID: d63ea8
File 158907729476.jpg - (57.87KB , 800x1067 , A New Avenue.jpg )
966041

>Wrong word. We’re a symbiote. We helped the Vessel.
hurt…

>Have we really helped him? Our most recent contribution is literally getting him killed (admittedly with the promise of revival, but still.)
Vessel…

>Let us attempt a different method or two of movement. Turn left, back up (not turn around), look up (at the light) and Divine.
>>
No. 966042 ID: d63ea8
File 158907729871.jpg - (82.07KB , 800x1067 , Closest Corner.jpg )
966042

>Turned left.


>His lack of memory could be a result of our arrival.
uncertain...
>>
No. 966043 ID: d63ea8
File 158907730181.jpg - (109.43KB , 800x1067 , At the last Door.jpg )
966043

>Backed up.


>We are similar to It/It in our quest for knowledge. We also want to help our Vessel/focus, but typically we are either nothing or self same with that Vessel/focus.
weak…

>Here we are a separate entity that we must preserve, an autonomous agent separate from the vessel, a position we do not often find ourselves in.
frail…
>>
No. 966044 ID: d63ea8
File 158907730550.jpg - (76.98KB , 800x1067 , Weary Light.jpg )
966044

>Looked up.
bright…
>>
No. 966045 ID: d63ea8
File 158907730874.jpg - (205.99KB , 800x1067 , Divining Fatigue.jpg )
966045

>Divine.
This is one of the many ways the Labyrinthine feeds off of those who enter the Beyond.
Every passing
moment these ‘lights’ take a miniscule amount of life-fluids.
Not enough to notice.
But together with countless wanderers, even these few drops will become an ocean.

Quite
generous compared to having your throat torn out.
A little toll for those who wish to travel
or are forced to exist in this place.


>Did our Vessel leave a trail...?
echoes…

>Next time the (Red Thoughts), (White Thoughts), or (ideally) both thoughts show up Divine at them.
Tired…
Alone…
Abandoned…


>If I were them, I’d turn the corner rather than running down a hallway of doorways, so I think we’re going the right way.
yes…

>Look back forward, move forward, strafe right. This should leave us facing the closed doorway.
>>
No. 966046 ID: d63ea8
File 158907732232.jpg - (109.43KB , 800x1067 , At the last Door.jpg )
966046

>Looked down.


>The Vessel was hurt though, we need to find and help it before it is lost to the Beyond.
hurry…
>>
No. 966047 ID: d63ea8
File 158907732535.jpg - (82.07KB , 800x1067 , Closest Corner.jpg )
966047

>Approach.
hurry…
>>
No. 966048 ID: d63ea8
File 158907732971.jpg - (22.48KB , 800x1067 , Restrained Shape.jpg )
966048

>Strafed right.
faster…
>>
No. 966049 ID: d63ea8
File 158907734959.jpg - (77.64KB , 800x1067 , Metal Shutters.jpg )
966049

>Strafed right.


>Examine that grey door.
But there is no lens to focus it.
Metal strips.
Heavy.
Won’t move.

Life-fluids.
Fresh.

Light?

>Divine that grey door.
>>
No. 966050 ID: d63ea8
File 158907735482.jpg - (218.66KB , 800x1067 , Divining Shutters.jpg )
966050

>Divine.
This place was touched by a mortal and a spirit.
The
mortal created this barrier in a futile attempt to hold off the hungry Beings.
The
spirit call to it for help.
There was no answer.
For the mortal was gone.
Insides drained of all its precious life-fluids.
All that’s left is a device without a master.


Please…
Open…
Save…


>Evoking seems to have corrected a possible statement to a definite statement.
want…

>This could be the way to find our Vessel’s spirit.
where…

>Examine what surrounds you.
But there is no lens to focus it.
>Explore by turning in a direction or approaching a distant location.
But you will be vulnerable.
>Inspect items on your person, or elements of the environment.
But there is no lens to filter it.
>Commune with those nearby.
But you cannot ‘speak.’
>Test these ‘powers’ you have, possibly find answers.
But it will be draining.
>Evoke a word or a thought. Let it carry you will.
But you may be ‘heard.’

>Divine the deeper meaning of this place.

>Seek. It is not yours.
>Immerse. It is not yours.
>Withdraw. It is not yours.
>Remember. It is not yours.

>..?
>Please Continue.
>>
No. 966059 ID: b1b4f3

Huh? Fresh life fluids...? That means... is our "vessel" now a Spirit? Well, we're on the right track.
Go look through the next doorway in this hallway.
>>
No. 966063 ID: adb916

>>966050
Evoke: These Metal Shutters will yield passage to me
((It seems we need to get where we are going sooner rather than later, and our examination informed us that as they are they will not move, so imposing our will seems like the only option we have))
>>
No. 966073 ID: adb916

((>>/moo/4852 Turns out the grey door was two units away and we can't see the way that the scar map says should be behind us, so that will be something to figure out))
>>
No. 966076 ID: adb916

((Interesting that the apparent 'ruler' of this place is named Labyrinthine when this place seems to very much not be a labyrinth, but rather a maze https://www.diffen.com/difference/Labyrinth_vs_Maze ))
>>
No. 966149 ID: d63ea8
File 158913737115.jpg - (164.42KB , 800x1067 , First Strike.jpg )
966149

>Evoke:
These Metal Shutters…
>>
No. 966150 ID: d63ea8
File 158913737417.jpg - (171.83KB , 800x1067 , Second Strike.jpg )
966150

WILL YIELD PASSAGE TO ME!
>>
No. 966151 ID: d63ea8
File 158913737794.jpg - (137.44KB , 800x1067 , Break.jpg )
966151

Me.

me.

>Huh? Fresh life-fluids...? That means… is our Vessel now a Spirit?
hope...

>Well, we’re on the right track. Go look through the next doorway in this hallway.
hurry...
>>
No. 966152 ID: d63ea8
File 158913738093.jpg - (71.12KB , 800x1067 , Warrented.jpg )
966152

>Turned right.
changed...
>>
No. 966153 ID: d63ea8
File 158913738371.jpg - (70.08KB , 800x1067 , White Board.jpg )
966153

>Approach.
danger…
>>
No. 966154 ID: d63ea8
File 158913738514.jpg - (79.27KB , 800x1067 , Second Hall.jpg )
966154

>Turned right.
...
>>
No. 966155 ID: d63ea8

((I’ll be adding orange distance markers to help the resident map-maker in the audience, please adjust your sight to them.))

((Each circle is meant to represent one space ahead of you.))
>>
No. 966160 ID: b1b4f3

>>966154
Maze changed. That wall with the white slab wasn't there before. Divine it. Then go back and grab the flashlight. How the hell did a flashlight get here...?
>>
No. 966182 ID: 2bd15b

Aw, fuck that isn't fair! Start punching walls in order to show your dominance!
>>
No. 966187 ID: adb916

>>966182
Actively don't do that. ((These purple walls are, on some level, part of Labyrinthine. Lets avoid pissing her off more than our hideout already will.))

When and why did we stop auto-Divining new things. Devine at that change. Let us now Evoke in a less flashy manner. Evoke: I know the way to our Vessel's spirit and body until the Vessel's life is restored. ((I was going to just do: "I am facing the Vessel's spirit," but then we would need to Evoke each step of the way and would almost certainly be 'heard' whatever that means))

((Map Update: >>/moo/4854 If we continue any further this way we will be off the relative safety of our scar map))
>>
No. 966235 ID: d63ea8
File 158924194327.jpg - (204.82KB , 800x1067 , Divining Difference.jpg )
966235

>When and why did we stop auto-Divining new things?
hurry…

>Divine.
This place holds a certain… uncanniness to it.
Like they do not have the right amount of space between them.
Or that they are all the
same hallway, but have had steps added or taken away from them.
The walls are lying…
But something stronger is hiding their true
intentions.


>Aw, fuck that isn’t fair! Start punching walls in order to show your dominance.
>Actively don;t do that.
danger…

>Maze changed. That wall with the white slab wasn’t there before. Divine it.
>Divine things that change.
>>
No. 966236 ID: d63ea8
File 158924194718.jpg - (91.21KB , 800x1067 , Messages from Beyond.jpg )
966236

>Turned left.
here…
>>
No. 966237 ID: d63ea8
File 158924195041.jpg - (169.31KB , 800x1067 , Divining Prose.jpg )
966237

>Divine.
This place has caught the attention of the Labyrinthine.
She rarely Communes directly, preferring to use these little notes.
With the
uncertainty stripped from this place, She cannot truly see what is here.
But with her power over
uncertainties She is very good at guessing.


>Go back and grab the flashlight.
>>
No. 966238 ID: d63ea8
File 158924195365.jpg - (74.86KB , 800x1067 , Facing the Familiar.jpg )
966238

>Turned right x2.
same…
>>
No. 966239 ID: d63ea8
File 158924195608.jpg - (77.88KB , 800x1067 , Closing the Distance to the Shutters.jpg )
966239

>Approach.

>>
No. 966240 ID: d63ea8
File 158924197740.jpg - (129.79KB , 800x1067 , Torn Metal.jpg )
966240

>Turned right.

>>
No. 966241 ID: d63ea8
File 158924198047.jpg - (100.97KB , 800x1067 , Picking over the Dead.jpg )
966241

>Approach.

>>
No. 966242 ID: d63ea8
File 158924198575.jpg - (237.71KB , 800x1067 , Divining Scattered Remains.jpg )
966242

>Divine.
This place is drenched with the last shrieks of the mortal.
It was uncertain of where it was, and of how it had arrived.
The thundering howl of
Screaming Edge had hounded its every step.

But there had been a second stroke of luck.
The flashlight caught the sharp glint of steel.
The metal sheets had been laid to the side.
Their dimensions, a perfect fit for the doorway.

The
mortal feverishly erected a construction.
But they did not know of Beings, or of what
Screaming Edge was capable of.
The construction had been hasty, rather than careful.
And
Screaming Edge slipped between the cracks.

Soft organs and warm life-fluids were torn from the
mortal as it cried out in AGONY.
Screaming Edge delighted in these noises, and made sure to slowly hollow out the meal..
Screaming Edge consumed each piece with methodical care as the mortal thrashed hopelessly.

Leaving the eyes for last, Screaming Edge savoured every drop of life-fluid that ran from them.

Screaming Edge then basked in the glow of the ‘light.’
Giving thanks to the Labyrinthine.




hurry…
>>
No. 966243 ID: d63ea8
File 158924198870.jpg - (73.39KB , 800x1067 , The Flashlight.jpg )
966243

>Picked up the flashlight.

>How the hell did a flashlight get here…?
uncertain…
>>
No. 966244 ID: d63ea8
File 158924199270.jpg - (206.77KB , 800x1067 , Divining Impossibility.jpg )
966244

>Divine.
This should not be here.
The Beyond is a place of
Power, not industry.
It is not from here, and a
mortal could not bring it with them.

This had been left out in a place where it could be
found.
And perhaps offer
hope to a mortal who had gotten lost.



>>
No. 966245 ID: d63ea8
File 158924199584.jpg - (135.11KB , 800x1067 , Inhale.jpg )
966245

>Evoke: in a less flashy manner.
I know the way…
>>
No. 966246 ID: d63ea8
File 158924199944.jpg - (208.86KB , 800x1067 , Call to the Soul.jpg )
966246

TO OUR VESSEL’S SPIRIT AND BODY UNTIL THE VESSEL’S LIFE IS RESTORED!
>>
No. 966247 ID: d63ea8
File 158924200312.jpg - (140.03KB , 800x1067 , Listening.jpg )
966247

Restored.

restored.



“I can’t find a way out. There’s no way out.”

“Stop! I… no…”


behind...

hurry...

>Examine what surrounds you.
But there is no lens to focus it.
>Explore by turning in a direction or approaching a distant location.
But you will be vulnerable.
>Inspect items on your person, or elements of the environment.
But there is no lens to filter it.
>Commune with those nearby.
You must not be distracted.
>Test these ‘powers’ you have, possibly find answers.
You must not be distracted.
>Evoke a word or a thought. Let it carry you will.
You can hear them! Listen!

>Divine the deeper meaning of this place.
You must not be distracted.

>Seek. Hurry.
>Immerse. Hurry.
>Withdraw. Hurry.
>Remember. Hurry.

>..!
>Please Continue.
>>
No. 966253 ID: b1b4f3

>>966247
Alright, let's rush towards the predator we spotted. If he's not being attacked by that, we know a route around it, to see if there's something else here of danger. Alternatively he may have gotten caught by Ravenous Delights, so we could spare a glance at its room on the way there.
>>
No. 966271 ID: adb916

((>>966244 Etzil caused this.))
Well we should now know the way, lets go.
>>
No. 966416 ID: d63ea8
File 158933360018.jpg - (26.75KB , 800x1067 , Checking the Side.jpg )
966416

Restored.

restored.

>See if there’s something else here of danger.

>Turned left.
none…
>>
No. 966417 ID: d63ea8
File 158933360998.jpg - (122.33KB , 800x1067 , Spinning Around.jpg )
966417

Restored.

restored.

>Turned right x2.
her...

“Please… leave me…”

“Let me go…”


hurry…
>>
No. 966418 ID: d63ea8
File 158933361586.jpg - (58.74KB , 800x1067 , Facing Back.jpg )
966418

Restored.

restored.

>Turned right.

>Alright, let’s rush towards the predator we spotted. If he’s not being attacked by that, we know a route around it.
yes…

“No… more…”
>>
No. 966419 ID: d63ea8
File 158933362505.jpg - (42.71KB , 800x1067 , Rushing Out.jpg )
966419

Restored.

restored.

>Approach.
closer…

“I’ll kill you! You hear me!?

“...I’m worthless…”

>>
No. 966420 ID: d63ea8
File 158933363129.jpg - (55.36KB , 800x1067 , Back in the Hall.jpg )
966420

Restored.

restored.

>Turned right.
hurry…
>>
No. 966421 ID: d63ea8
File 158933364665.jpg - (65.95KB , 800x1067 , Another Step Closer.jpg )
966421

Restored.

restored.

>Approach.
still…
>>
No. 966422 ID: d63ea8
File 158933367732.jpg - (175.15KB , 1932x2576 , About to Round the Corner.jpg )
966422

Restored.

restored.

>Approach.
near…

“I deserve this. I…”

“I will hurt you, don’t you understand?!”

>>
No. 966423 ID: d63ea8
File 158933368708.jpg - (153.15KB , 800x1067 , Back to the First Hall.jpg )
966423

Restored.

restored.

>Turned left.
Vessel…

*sobbing*
>>
No. 966424 ID: d63ea8
File 158933370490.jpg - (182.33KB , 800x1067 , Heading Back.jpg )
966424

Restored.

restored.

>Approach.
hear…

“You’re not REAL!

“You’re NOT!

clearly…

>Alternatively he may have gotten caught by Ravenous Delights, so we could spare a glance at His room on the way there.
>>
No. 966425 ID: d63ea8
File 158933372130.jpg - (93.65KB , 800x1067 , Ominous Air.jpg )
966425

Restored.

restored.

>Turn left.
not…

here...

>>
No. 966426 ID: d63ea8
File 158933373721.jpg - (164.88KB , 800x1067 , What Lies Beyond.jpg )
966426

Restored.

restored.

>Turned right.
>Approach.
no…

“Let me wake up.”

“I can’t… see…”


>We should now know the way, let’s go.
wrong…

way…

>>
No. 966427 ID: d63ea8
File 158933374321.jpg - (74.47KB , 800x1067 , Writhing Form.jpg )
966427

Restored.

restored.

>Turned left.
body…

here…
>>
No. 966428 ID: d63ea8
File 158933374825.jpg - (137.28KB , 800x1067 , No This Way.jpg )
966428

Restored.

restored.

>Turned left.
spirit…

there…

“I’ve earned this…”

“I’m a monster…”


>Examine what surrounds you.
But there is no lens to focus it.
>Explore by turning in a direction or approaching a distant location.
But you will be vulnerable.
>Inspect items on your person, or elements of the environment.
But there is no lens to filter it.
>Commune with those nearby.
You must not be distracted.
>Test these ‘powers’ you have, possibly find answers.
You must not be distracted.
>Evoke a word or a thought. Let it carry you will.
You can hear them! Listen!

>Divine the deeper meaning of this place.
You must not be distracted.

>Seek. Hurry.
>Immerse. Hurry.
>Withdraw. Hurry.
>Remember. Hurry.

>..!
>Please Continue.
>>
No. 966429 ID: b1b4f3

Stand where his spirit is, Evoke "We shall be reunited!"

Looks like the broken vessel is being reached through by the spheres. That's probably our exit point, though I am disappointed that we didn't have time to check on all of the points of interest here. ...unless we can still do that after being reunited? We've spent little time under the lights, and have not tried anything draining. Ah well, something to think about next update.
>>
No. 966449 ID: b1b4f3

Hmm, could he be... inside the celing light?
>>
No. 966452 ID: adb916

Move to within half a unit of spirit and look in the direction of the spirit. ((this to better understand exactly what we should be interacting with))
>>
No. 966464 ID: 2bd15b

If this maze is going to change all the time maybe we should fire out some way to mark the walls in order to make it easier to find our way back if we need to return for some reason.
>>
No. 966561 ID: d63ea8
File 158942646352.jpg - (117.60KB , 800x1067 , Back to the Sweet Room.jpg )
966561

Restored.

restored.

>Looks like the inert Vessel is being reached through by It/It. That’s probably our exit point.
probably…

>Move to within half a unit of the Spirit and look in the direction of the spirit.
>Approach.
closer…

>Hmm, could he be… inside the ceiling light?
possible…
>>
No. 966562 ID: d63ea8
File 158942646631.jpg - (76.98KB , 800x1067 , Weary Light.jpg )
966562

Restored.

restored.

>Looked up.
not…

here…


“What do you want from me…”

“I have… nothing.”
>>
No. 966563 ID: d63ea8
File 158942646969.jpg - (93.65KB , 800x1067 , Ominous Air.jpg )
966563

Restored.

restored.

>Looked down.
>Turned right.
down…

there…


>I am disappointed that we didn't have time to check on all of the points of interest here… unless we can still do that after being reunited.
later…

“Why won’t this end…”
>>
No. 966564 ID: d63ea8
File 158942647252.jpg - (64.49KB , 800x1067 , Sweet Red Lines.jpg )
966564

Restored.

restored.

>Approach.
Vessel…

there…


“Why can’t I disappear…”
>>
No. 966566 ID: d63ea8
File 158942650031.jpg - (64.49KB , 800x1067 , Sweet Red Lines.jpg )
966566

>Evoke:
(Concentration broken… recovering…)

>If this maze is going to change all the time maybe we should find out some way to mark the walls.
can…

evoke…

change…

>>
No. 966567 ID: d63ea8
File 158942650546.jpg - (259.37KB , 800x1067 , Punch.jpg )
966567

>Evoke:
We shall be…
>>
No. 966568 ID: d63ea8
File 158942650960.jpg - (263.57KB , 800x1067 , Fracturing.jpg )
966568

REUNITED!
>>
No. 966569 ID: d63ea8
File 158942652785.jpg - (162.25KB , 800x1067 , You See Them.jpg )
966569

Reunited.

reunited.

“Everything… looks so broken…”

All of the time…”

Vessel…

>Examine what surrounds you.
But there is no lens to focus it.
>Explore by turning in a direction or approaching a distant location.
But you will be vulnerable.
>Inspect items on your person, or elements of the environment.
But there is no lens to filter it.
>Commune with those nearby.
But you cannot ‘speak.’
>Test these ‘powers’ you have, possibly find answers.
But it will be draining.
>Evoke a word or a thought. Let it carry you will.
But you may be ‘heard.’

>Divine the deeper meaning of this place.

>Seek. Hurry.
>Immerse. It’s right there.
>Withdraw. Grab it.
>Remember. Free it.

>sweet...
>Please Continue.
>>
No. 966573 ID: b1b4f3

>>966569
Wha? He's there? There must be some maze-weirdness going on. Didn't we see into the corridor behind this room? Or was the tunnel in the wall made after we looked into the corridor? I guess it's possible...

Careful. He's being bitten. We must stay lucid. I think we can go forward and hit his assailant with the flashlight, or Evoke... Don't touch the webs. I'm not sure which action to take. The "Test" action could be potentially useful despite the drain but we still don't know how to use it.
A good evoke phrase here could be "They will be released!"
>>
No. 966576 ID: dce46f

I second [/b]Evoking[/b] "They Will Be Released!"
>>
No. 966598 ID: adb916

((>>966576 We have been evoking almost constantly since we started, why stop now.
Though I would add a "directly into my possession" after that, saves us needing to go in there. Additionally I would specify the vessel's spirit specifically.))
((Thus,)) The amended evocation I would use would be: "The Vessel's Spirit Will Be Released Directly Into My Possession!" ((Possession here being the ownership kind, not the ghost inhabiting/controlling the body kind. This is exactly the kind linguistic bullshit genies take advantage of. Stupid english...))
Should my amended evocation be used; don't go through the newly made hole in the wall.
>>
No. 966683 ID: d63ea8
File 158951778404.jpg - (100.23KB , 800x1067 , Hesitation.jpg )
966683

>Wha? He’s there?
false…

wall…


>There must be some maze-weirdness going on. Didn’t we see into the corridor behind this room?
yes..?

no…


>Careful. He’s not being bitten. We must stay ignorant. Don’t touch the webs.
smells...

>Don’t hit his protector.
sweet…

>I’m not sure of which action to take…

>>
No. 966684 ID: d63ea8
File 158951778886.jpg - (149.00KB , 800x1067 , Reaching.jpg )
966684

>Evoke:
The Vessel’s Spirit will be released…
>>
No. 966685 ID: d63ea8
File 158951779191.jpg - (111.00KB , 800x1067 , Struck in the Back.jpg )
966685

DIREC-
*CRACK*
>Injury Sustained.
(Evocation interrupted.)
>>
No. 966686 ID: d63ea8
File 158951779334.jpg - (114.79KB , 800x1067 , Vision Blurring.jpg )
966686

>Forced to the ground.
frail...

(Concentration broken… recovering…)

> ______ Sustained.

“Why… leave… enough… -ships…”
>>
No. 966687 ID: d63ea8
File 158951782284.jpg - (179.11KB , 800x1067 , Bleeding.jpg )
966687

You can’t help it can you?
It’s in your nature to take and take and take.
And it’s never enough, is it?
You’re always hungry.

>>
No. 966688 ID: d63ea8
File 158951783686.jpg - (203.29KB , 800x1067 , Facing the Assailant.jpg )
966688

>Turned right x2.
>Looked up.

You’ve never had to give or sacrifice.
No. You just leech off of other things.
I’ve given this spirit a home.
I’ve given it safety in a world that would
devour it.
But now you want to take that all away?
Feed off of this Vessel until it withers and dies?
It would be better off without you.

>>
No. 966689 ID: d63ea8
File 158951784921.jpg - (199.65KB , 800x1067 , Unwell.jpg )
966689

>You are fine, don’t worry about it.

Luckily, I’m willing to give you a good lesson.

>Give up.
There’s no point in fighting it.

>Commune with those nearby.
I think pleasantries ended when you tore open my lair.
>Strike from a place of weakness.
Yes, see where that gets you.
>Defend yourself from a swing.
You could do worse.
>Maneuver yourself into a better position.
Again, you could do worse.
>Evade your attacker, fight on different ground.
I won’t make it that easy.

>Test these ‘powers’ you have, possibly find answers.
But it will be draining and I will make you suffer for it.
>Evoke a word or a thought. Let it carry you will.
Try it. I dare you.

>Three Two actions can be taken.
>Order matters.
>Or present your own actions.
>Please Continue.
>>
No. 966690 ID: e7c7d3

Maneuver, Defend. Get into a stronger position and stand your ground.
>>
No. 966692 ID: b1b4f3

>>966684
Ah, I see. The room had a false wall in it, we could have avoided this by entering from the rear entrance.

>>966689
Guard. Then Maneuver, to stand up.
>>
No. 966699 ID: adb916

No. I want this spirit in particular. I wouldn't even be opposed to putting some effort into sending another spirit your way in exchange for this one right now. Our goal is not to leech, but to learn and support. ((going for mimicry rather than what our 'proper' voice is, might help with this interrupting our thoughts or whatever BS is happening here))
Divining doesn't seem to take time might as well do that (unless it does take time, then don't).
((I suspect he does not have a particularly good counter to our Evocation, and instead chose to interrupt it, as such a short one should be more effective, I think he is bluffing))
Guard, then Evoke: Leave ((Interestingly I believe any combo of the three present entities leaving works out for us, some better than others, but whatever))
>>
No. 966736 ID: adb916

((A detail I missed earlier >>/questdis/132840 oh and the questdis is safe to use so long as everything is enclosed in "(())" like this message, but you can not enclose images in such so image sharing there is unsafe (such as maps)))
>>
No. 966775 ID: d63ea8
File 158960119663.jpg - (317.51KB , 800x1067 , Divining Adversary.jpg )
966775

>Divining doesn’t seem to take time, might as well do that.
This place is saturated with the sweet lulling venom of Ravenous Delights.
He doesn’t take kindly to vandals and thieves.
This place was his home and hunting-ground,
until one little Being decided to fuck it all up.
Now this place is a battlefield.
But even with
His lair in shambles, He will not kill you.
Walls can be remade.
A Being cannot shed life-fluids after it’s been annihilated.
You are more valuable alive.

He is stronger than you.
He is faster than you.
He is tougher than you.
He is angrier than you.
He is (currently) more perceptive than you.

>>
No. 966776 ID: d63ea8
File 158960119995.jpg - (202.61KB , 800x1067 , Staredown.jpg )
966776

Don’t tell me you’re getting distracted already.

>Attempted Mimicry. Improper Resonance.
>(Returning to regular tone.)
>No. I want this spirit in particular. I wouldn’t even be opposed to putting some effort into sending another spirit your way in exchange for this one right now. Our goal is not to leech, but to learn and support.

I don’t buy it. You’d be gone as soon as you got your hooks back into that one.

But if you’re willing to learn, then I’m willing to-

>>
No. 966777 ID: d63ea8
File 158960120393.jpg - (149.50KB , 800x1067 , Blocking the First Hit.jpg )
966777

-Teach!

>Guard.
>Guard.
>Defend.

*Thack*
>Injury Minimized.
>>
No. 966778 ID: d63ea8
File 158960122198.jpg - (141.52KB , 800x1067 , Backup.jpg )
966778

>Maneuver to stand up.
>Maneuver. Get into a stronger position and stand your ground.

>Stood up.

Lesson one. Never pick a fight you can’t win.
Always have another plan.
And don’t TAKE what isn’t yours.

>>
No. 966779 ID: d63ea8
File 158960122531.jpg - (158.43KB , 800x1067 , Clarity.jpg )
966779

“...don’t have it anymore...”

“...was stolen…”

“...can’t find the way back…”

Vessel…

>Give up.
And I’ll make it easier on you.

>Commune with those nearby.
Trust me, it can’t hear anything. All it’s been doing is rambling or trying to hurt itself.
>Strike from a place of equal footing.
Remember lesson one.
>Defend yourself from a possible attack.
Heh.
>Maneuver yourself into a better position.
Running out of space to go.
>Evade your attacker, fight on different ground.
Give it a try, see what happens.

>Test these ‘powers’ you have, possibly find answers.
But it will be draining and you will regret it.
>Evoke a word or a thought. Let it carry you will.
I’ll strike you down before you utter a single syllable.

>Three Two actions can be taken.
>Order matters.
>Or present your own actions.
>Please Continue.
>>
No. 966782 ID: adb916

Yea I do not actually know how to leave here, this would be a general offer to be on the lookout for a way to do this, our current goal is to recover that spirit and return to his world.
((I suspect he does not have a particularly good counter to our Evocation, and instead chose to interrupt it, as such a short one should be more effective, I think he is bluffing))
Evoke: Leave ((Interestingly I believe any combo of the three present entities leaving works out for us, some better than others, but whatever))
Then pull web.
>>
No. 966784 ID: b1b4f3

I think the problem is Evoke requires a chargeup. We can't use it in combat, or at least not without first disabling the opponent somehow.

>He is (currently) more perceptive than you.
Looks like a hint.
Blind him with the flashlight then strike!
>>
No. 966811 ID: adb916

((>>966784 Except it didn't the first time we used it. >>965698 and >>965903 for reference; there was no fanfare involved.))
((Also I'm not using these parentheses for no reason. Ravenous Delights can see and 'edit' anything not enclosed in such double parentheses, unless you were going for misinformation))
>>
No. 966813 ID: e51896

((Hmm... think we can distract this dude by talking to him in the discussion thread in some way to ruin his perceptive of us?))
>>
No. 966828 ID: adb916

((>>966813 No, I don't think he knows about the questdis. If he does, he has made no show of it.))
>>
No. 966829 ID: e51896

>>966828
((hmm, so what if we were to do in action like "evoke" in the disthread instead of here? what might happen? shall we give it a try?))
>>
No. 966839 ID: d63ea8
File 158968219935.jpg - (202.61KB , 800x1067 , Staredown.jpg )
966839

>Yeah I do not actually know how to leave here, this would be a general offer to be on the lookout for a way to do this, our current goal is to recover that spirit and return to his world.
Yeah, that’s rich. You’ll be on the ‘lookout’ will you? With all your shouting I’m surprised you haven’t been ambushed before now. As soon as you go that spirit is as good as dead.

>I agree the problem is Evoke requires a charge up. We can’t, or at least not without first disabling the opponent somehow.
Wait, what?
>>
No. 966840 ID: d63ea8
File 158968220260.jpg - (182.20KB , 800x1067 , Use the Flashlight.jpg )
966840

>Blind Him with the flashlight!

*click*

Aahg! Bastard!
>>
No. 966841 ID: d63ea8
File 158968220702.jpg - (275.69KB , 800x1067 , Knockback.jpg )
966841

>Evoke:
LEAVE!

*Shack*

>Give up.
You are on my last nerve.

>Commune with those nearby.
I have nothing to say to you.
>Strike from a place of advantage.
...
>Defend yourself from an unlikely attack.
...
>Maneuver yourself into a better position.
...
>Evade your attacker, fight on different ground.
Trust me, this will be your best and only chance.

>Test these ‘powers’ you have, possibly find answers.
But it will be draining.
>Evoke a word or a thought. Let it carry you will.
Do it again, I dare you.

>Three Two One actions can be taken.
>(Your first action next turn must be used to Recover, leaving you with one to select.)
>Order matters.
>Or present your own actions.
>Please Continue.
>>
No. 966851 ID: adb916

((Well I would like to do something less permanent but time is key here and something complex would take too long to evoke))
Then Evoke: Die
Alternately if we can maintain the evocation instead let's do that then grab web
>>
No. 966854 ID: 36784c

>>966851
((Are you absolutely sure you want to do that? Are you sure that’ll effect the enemy and not us? It’d be a really suck if that effects us!))
>>
No. 966855 ID: d63ea8

((I would be careful, the less precise an Evocation is, the more dangerous it could be. And unlike the metal shutters, Ravenous Delights can fight back.))
>>
No. 966857 ID: adb916

((>>966854 Of the tools I know we have and can use, evocation is the only one that seems able to resolve this situation for us. Delights will not willingly let us leave and we are not willingly leaving without the spirit. delights needs to be incapacitated in some way, and we have few tools to do that with. This may be a risky move, but I do not see us gaining any better options before we lose what little options we have))
>>
No. 966859 ID: e51896

((vessel is right there next to the monster. we can probably do something with it. Though I'm torn between using Commune with vessel or Evoke with Vessel ("The Vessel’s Spirit will be released…")or try out "Test".))
>>
No. 966898 ID: b1b4f3

>>966851
((I don't agree with this. far too risky.))
Either Strike or Test.
...or repair the wall with an evoke?
>>
No. 966916 ID: adb916

((I too would like to repair the wall but I'm not sure we have time.))>>966898 Evoke: Wall is fixed or Wall is whole would probably be most effective. Or we could try to appeal to whatever mind power Ravenous Delights has with something like Ravenous Delights' wall is whole ((I support Evoking over Striking (we don't have the strength) or Testing (It could do anything and leave us even weaker than we already are)))
((Also we DO have a hallway behind us))
>>
No. 966939 ID: d63ea8
File 158975512052.jpg - (126.15KB , 800x1067 , Recovering Away.jpg )
966939

Leave.

leave.

>Forced to Recover.


Of course it cut the line. But I can manage.

“...it’s always so loud…”

“Who are you talking to? I can’t move.”

“I…”
>>
No. 966940 ID: d63ea8
File 158975512490.jpg - (238.77KB , 800x1067 , Casting Another Line.jpg )
966940

“WILL DESTROY ALL OF YOU AND CONSUME YOUR HEARTS!”

“YOUR FLESH SHALL FILL ME AS I TEAR APART YOUR SINEW AND BONE!”


>Evoke:
Wa-

*thwip*
>>
No. 966941 ID: d63ea8
File 158975512827.jpg - (127.02KB , 800x1067 , Pulled to the Ground.jpg )
966941

*Wham*
>Pulled to the ground.
(Evocation interrupted.)
(Concentration broken… recovering)

Not so fast.

“YOU WILL DIE A TRAITOR’S DEATH ALONGSIDE YOUR THIEVES!”

...

>Give up already.
I’ve won.

>Commune with those nearby.
...
>Strike from a place of weakness.
If you really want this to continue, then by all means.
>Defend yourself from an inevitable attack.
I think I could go for a few more strikes.
>Maneuver yourself into a better position.
...
>Evade your attacker, fight on different ground.
You blew that chance.

>Test these ‘powers’ you have, possibly find answers.
But it will be draining. It will end badly for you.
>Evoke a word or a thought. Let it carry you will.
Don’t make me do something I can’t undo.

>Three Two One actions can be taken.
>(Your first action next turn must be used to Recover, leaving you with one to select.)
>Order matters.
>Or present your own actions.
>Please Continue.
>>
No. 966943 ID: e51896

((maybe commune with Aldemire... or commune with Vessel?))
>>
No. 966955 ID: e51896

((>>966943 i decided communing with vessel might not be wise right now as this creature knows where it is, and the vessel might not be able to hear us anyway like this monster said.
That said, Father Steinarr said Aldemire could safeguard your thoughts and body. Problem is I dont see any gods here, but maybe praying could help?))
Commune: pray to Aldemire for any protection, ask to be forgiven for our sins of being a thief as this monster claims us to be
>>
No. 966959 ID: adb916

((>>966943 for actual actions they can not be enclosed in (()), otherwise it is just for other suggestors to see))
Alright so you won. Before you continue, please let me talk. All I wanted to do was put right what I put accidently put wrong, to do so requires reuniting that spirit with its body, a deal was made with the greater and lesser spheres: They observe taking his life away, on the condition they return him to life after. In the process of that I found out I am separate from him.
((I can't help myself, I have to throw something new in. Others feel free to support the message but not the coloring, save me from myself))
>>
No. 966961 ID: adb916

((>>966955 dropping names in the hopes they do something, I think the spheres are stronger than anything present here, if he thinks they will also come to claim this spirit it may change his mind about things somewhat, though I suppose it could still be bad for US, but at least we still right our wrong.))
>>
No. 967075 ID: d63ea8
File 158986360252.jpg - (127.02KB , 800x1067 , Pulled to the Ground.jpg )
967075

>Forced to Recover.


“There’s no one there, why are you yelling?”

“I can’t be…”

“There wasn’t anyone, was there?”

...
>>
No. 967076 ID: d63ea8
File 158986360806.jpg - (199.97KB , 800x1067 , Communing with the Divine.jpg )
967076

>Commune:
>Pray to Aldemire for any protection, ask to be forgiven for our sins of being a thief as this Being said.
The words ring out…
...and are answered.

I hear your cries and accept your confessions.

Do right by this mortal and learn from its shattered past.

Fight that which would cling and leech, and my acolyte will stand by you.

>>
No. 967077 ID: d63ea8
File 158986363674.jpg - (256.09KB , 800x1067 , Blessing.jpg )
967077

Take this Blessing and be kept safe.

Venom Cleansed.
>Gained Blessing.
>>
No. 967078 ID: d63ea8
File 158986363907.jpg - (187.78KB , 800x1067 , Fading.jpg )
967078

Fail to amend your ways and you too will be seared away by the coming dawn.

>Give up.
>Resonance of Bone.
>Alright so you won. Before you continue, please let me talk. All I wanted to do was put right what I had accidentally put wrong, to do so requires reuniting that spirit with its body, a deal was made with the Greater and Lesser Spheres. It/It observes taking his life away, on the condition they return him to life after. In the process of that I found out I am separate from him.

“buzzing… crawling… shaking…”

“beneath my skin…”


>The Bones cannot answer at this distance.
>>
No. 967079 ID: d63ea8
File 158986366431.jpg - (166.05KB , 800x1067 , Helped Up.jpg )
967079

Tch…

That would… answer a lot of things.

Here, if you are willing to talk -and cease Evoking- then maybe we can work out our own deal.


>(Struggle Resolved.)
>>
No. 967080 ID: d63ea8
File 158986367018.jpg - (215.51KB , 800x1067 , Tentative Discussions.jpg )
967080

This Spirit was in almost pristine condition when I found it wandering the halls.
But it has only... deteriorated... the longer it's been here.
…and as unlikely as your story sounds…
...most don’t mention
It/It’s name lightly.
I can fix the wall easily enough, but I want something out of this.
So what are you willing to offer?


"Why do they rebel against me..?"

"Can no one hear me?"


>What do you wish to offer?
>Life-fluids?
>A Promise?
>Something else?

>Other action can be taken of course.
>Please Continue.
>>
No. 967087 ID: adb916

>>967080
Of the things we have the best we are likely to manage will be a promise of some sort, though a question of what else I even have to offer comes up ((I'm going to keep trying colors till someone stops me))
>>
No. 967088 ID: b1b4f3

>>967078
>resonance of bone
Huh, another new thing found. Just how many secrets are there, I wonder.

>>967080
What do you want, aside from life-fluids? The flashlight? I doubt we can take it with us when we go back.
>>
No. 967096 ID: dce46f

Would the flash-light, or perhaps our semi-reliable map interest you? I'm hesitant to promise anything that I may not be able to deliver on, so if neither of the previous options appeal to you, I'm willing to part with some life-fluids
>>
No. 967162 ID: d63ea8
File 158991911716.jpg - (312.06KB , 800x1067 , Delights Unamused.jpg )
967162

>What do you want, aside from life-fluids? The flashlight?
>Would the flash-light, or perhaps our semi-reliable map interest you?
Keep that thing away from me.
There’s something unnatural about it and the light it emits.
And it’s far too bright.

As for this ‘map’… maybe. I didn’t think it was possible to map the Beyond.

But life-fluids are what I’d prefer. Fewer and fewer… sources of it… have been wandering into my room.

>>
No. 967163 ID: d63ea8
File 158991912264.jpg - (310.45KB , 800x1067 , Delights Content.jpg )
967163

>I’m hesitant to Promise anything that I may not be able to deliver on.
Good. A Promise between Beings is Binding.
I’ve seen what happens when they are broken, the effects are… debilitating.


>If neither of the previous options appeal to you, I’m willing to part with some life fluids.
I would only ask that you offer one bite at this time. You seem to be very weak for a Being, even if you are very proficient (and reckless) with Evoking.
>>
No. 967165 ID: d63ea8
File 158991915781.jpg - (837.50KB , 1932x2576 , Delights Surprised.jpg )
967165

>Resonance of Skin.
>Of the things we have, the best we are likely to manage will be a Promise of some sort, though a question of what else I even have to offer comes up.
How have you been able to survive this long? You seem to be at least somewhat potent, but how could you have not learned the most basic of principles?

I suppose fir-

>>
No. 967166 ID: d63ea8
File 158991916320.jpg - (220.12KB , 800x1067 , In My Skin.jpg )
967166

Hey. Can you stop that buzzing? It’s agitating the spirit.

“Flies crawling across me, their wings shaking like branches!”

“I can’t stop it.”

>The Skin cannot answer fully at this distance.
//...uscles rebel ag… ...s trying to tea… ..ur form.//
//...n’t slip fre… ...f bindings...//
//Th… ...rm is unw...//


The offerings that are usually made in… ‘friendly encounters’ between beings are usually an offering of life-fluids. It is what we all need to continue existing, and most mortals that wander here are full of the wonderful stuff.

Promises are usually made as a way to halt hostilities, ensure loyalties, or future favours between Beings. If I were to ask for a Promise it would be one that ensures future offerings to me and that you wouldn’t blow another hole in my lair. If you want to get into the specifics of it, I would add some riders that would protect both of us from possible abuses and breaches.

You could offer some of your potency, but I don’t have much need for it, since I am usually able to avoid conflicts with other Beings.

While I am hesitant about this map you have, I might be willing to bargain for it, but I would need to know more about it.

And of course there is also information. But I doubt you have much of that.


“Why is it talking?!”

“It should be dead.”

“I should be dead…”


Transmission Start >>/questdis/132875
...
>>
No. 967167 ID: adb916

Sorry just trying things, so much to learn and so little time to do it. ((I suspect we can do the lifeforce trade, as I believe the Vessel is and has been our lifeforce source, so once we re-integrate with our Vessel we will be fine)) I offer a ((This is a defensive evocation to make sure he can't do his mind fuckery, nothing more)) bite to you.
>>
No. 967168 ID: 2bd15b

Alright if we were to do that whole life fluid transfusion is this spider going to be able to control itself. I am not saying that I don't trust it, I am just concerned that its animalistic instincts might kick in, that one bite transfers the spider venom and we end up paralyzed or worse and tied us in a weeb of trouble.
>>
No. 967169 ID: b1b4f3

There is venom involved in a bite, I don't want to get poisoned again. Let's describe the map.
>>
No. 967179 ID: d63ea8
File 158993635627.jpg - (312.62KB , 800x1067 , Delights Unhappy.jpg )
967179

>Sorry just trying things, so much to learn and so little time to do it.
Well, just refrain from doing it here. This is my home, not yours.
>>
No. 967180 ID: d63ea8
File 158993636081.jpg - (312.06KB , 800x1067 , Delights Unamused.jpg )
967180

>Alright if we were to do that whole life fluid transfusion is this spider going to be able to control itself? I’m (Thoughts Protected) not saying that I don’t trust it, I am just (Thoughts Protected) concerned that its (Thoughts Protected) animalistic instincts might kick in.
OKAY. First thing, I am not a ‘spider,’ whatever that thing is, and second I DO NOT follow some sort of baser instinct.

I am in full control of myself at all times, and I don’t think you are in any position to lecture me about self-control.

>>
No. 967181 ID: d63ea8
File 158993638340.jpg - (312.62KB , 800x1067 , Delights Unhappy.jpg )
967181

>That one bite transfers the (Thoughts Protected) spider (Thoughts Protected) venom and we end up (Thoughts Protected) paralyzed or worse and tied up in a (Thoughts Protected) web of trouble.
>There is (Thoughts Protected) venom involved in a bite, I (Thoughts Protected) don’t want to get (Thoughts Protected) poisoned again.
Look, I can avoid using my… powers if it really bothers you that much, but it usually makes the process a lot more enjoyable. I’d be willing to even stake a small Promise on it.

Specifically ‘I will not infuse my next bite on you if you offer a bite to me before you leave my lair.’ Sound fair?

>>
No. 967182 ID: d63ea8
File 158993638956.jpg - (215.51KB , 800x1067 , Tentative Discussions.jpg )
967182

>Let’s describe the map.
>I offer a bite to you.
Alright, if you give me both of those offerings then I would be satisfied. I will remove my lines from the spirit and let you both depart without issue.

“Why are you screaming again?”

“Isn’t this what you want? To be free?”

“No, I can’t see…”

>((Please specify how much you describe the map, and if you reveal where it is.))
>((Negotiation can also continue if you believe there can be a better deal.))

>Accept the Promise?
>Other actions can be taken of course.
>Please Continue.
>>
No. 967193 ID: 2bd15b

Alright, I am now completely confused is she giving us an option to bite her fist or what?
>>
No. 967194 ID: adb916

That promise sounds good, thanks. >>/moo/4872 is the map we have, though I shall not share where it is nor do I know how I made it. (offer the bite)
>>
No. 967196 ID: d63ea8

((First it's a He not a She. And you will be letting Ravenous Delights bite you and He Promises to not infuse the bite with venom.))
>>
No. 967198 ID: b1b4f3

>>967182
This seems reasonable. Alright, the map is in the room next door, visible with our ability to Divine. We can add to the map, which keeps the Beyond walls static. She doesn't like that, obviously, so it's probably best if we don't do it too much.
((looks like Aldemire is protecting our thoughts. Which means Ravenous Delights is still trying to get the better of us...))
I would like to propose a ceasefire Promise: You shall not interfere with our quest to return the Vessel to its body and us with it, whatever steps we must take for that to happen. In return, we will not evoke in your room, or adjacent to it, excepting the room next door which is our sanctuary; we may need to do that to complete our quest.
>>
No. 967203 ID: 2bd15b

>>967196
Ow shit my bad, sure let him bite. No homo.
>>
No. 967322 ID: adb916

>>967198
SHUT THE FUCK UP ((part of what the map is doing is fucking him over, I INTENTIONALLY edited it out of the map I was providing!))
>>
No. 967324 ID: b1b4f3

>>967322
((What the hell does that have to do with what I said?))
>>
No. 967325 ID: d63ea8

>>967322
((Please be nice to each other. Scenes might shift, but no one has made a 'bad' choice here.))
>>
No. 967328 ID: d63ea8
File 159002588536.jpg - (310.45KB , 800x1067 , Delights Content.jpg )
967328

>This seems reasonable.
>That Promise sounds good, thanks.
>Sure let Him bite.
Alright, then give me your arm for a moment.
>>
No. 967329 ID: d63ea8
File 159002588818.jpg - (123.06KB , 800x1067 , Hand Offered.jpg )
967329

>(Offer the bite).
This will hurt. You’re going to have to deal with it.
>>
No. 967330 ID: d63ea8
File 159002589263.jpg - (207.13KB , 800x1067 , Bitten.jpg )
967330

*shi-ck*
>Injury Sustained, (Speed reduced).
ah...

Warned you. Just need to get it flowing a bit and…
>>
No. 967331 ID: d63ea8
File 159002589569.jpg - (195.03KB , 800x1067 , Drain.jpg )
967331

*sssss*
>Life-fluids drained, (Potency temporarily reduced).
hnn…
>>
No. 967332 ID: d63ea8
File 159002590932.jpg - (321.63KB , 800x1067 , Delights Content (with life-fluids).jpg )
967332

Ah! It’s been so long since I’ve been able to feed like that. If this were any other occasion I would ask if you would want to offer another bite, but I have a feeling that you’ll say no. A rarity among my… donors.

Now, how about that map?


>(Image conveyed) This is the map we have, though I shall not share where it is nor do I know how I made it.
>Alright, the map is in the room next door, visible with our ability to Divine. We can add to the map, which keeps the Beyond’s walls static. She doesn’t like that, obviously, so it’s probably best if we don’t do it too much. I would like to propose a ceasefire Pro-

...What?
>>
No. 967333 ID: d63ea8
File 159002591756.jpg - (319.77KB , 800x1067 , Delights Unamused (Alt).jpg )
967333

You-
You
SCARRED the Beyond!?

I… all this suffering, having to feed off of the most basic of scraps…
I thought I had somehow angered
Labyrinthine, and that she was punishing me.

But no…
You are the reason why barely anything comes by anymore!

>>
No. 967334 ID: d63ea8
File 159002592412.jpg - (79.53KB , 800x1067 , Delights's Frustration.jpg )
967334

*WHAM*

OF COURSE it was your doing.
Why everything is so broken at the moment.


>>
No. 967335 ID: d63ea8
File 159002592860.jpg - (151.55KB , 800x1067 , Delights Leaves.jpg )
967335

Take your spirit and go.
If you are still here when I come back I will do something permanent.


>Examine what surrounds you.
But there is no lens to focus it.
>Explore by turning in a direction or approaching a distant location.
But you will be vulnerable.
>Inspect items on your person, or elements of the environment.
But there is no lens to filter it.
>Commune with those nearby.
But you cannot ‘speak.’
>Test these ‘powers’ you have, possibly find answers.
You are too weak.
>Evoke a word or a thought. Let it carry you will.
But you may be ‘heard.’

>Divine the deeper meaning of this place.

>Seek. It is not yours.
>Immerse. It is not yours.
>Withdraw. It is not yours.
>Remember. It is not yours.

>Vessel...
>Please Continue.
>>
No. 967339 ID: adb916

((Well, that didn't go as bad as I expected.)) Take spirit and go.
>>
No. 967340 ID: b1b4f3

>>967335
Alright let's collect the Vessel and get him back to the shell. I want to visit the other entity shown in the map before we leave, though...

>>967322
((How did you even know the map was diverting prey away from Delights?))
>>
No. 967346 ID: d63ea8

((>>967340 ))

((The information was revealed by an Errant Signal that was attempting to make contact covertly. >>/questdis/132791 ))
>>
No. 967347 ID: d63ea8
File 159003553414.jpg - (187.41KB , 800x1067 , The Vessel.jpg )
967347

>Take the spirit and go.
>Alright let’s collect the Vessel and get him back to the shell.
Vessel…

“I…”

“What?! Who’s there?”

“No. NO!”

“It’s- stop yelling! Please!”

“Do I know you?”

“Your hand? It’s soft.”


“SHUT UP! SHUT UP!”

“All you do is yell and scream.”

“Just be quiet. I need quiet…”

>Feed off of the Vessel. Not a lot, just a bit. Enough to regain your strength.
>Infiltrate the Vessel and reclaim your place behind the eyes.
>Subsume the Vessel into your form. Let it float amid the Fragments for now.
>Carry the Vessel on your back, and remain separate for the moment. It is not heavy.

>Other actions may be offered or taken as well.
>I want to visit the other entity shown in the map before we leave though…
>Please Continue.
>>
No. 967348 ID: adb916

>>967347
carry

make sure to avoid the murder ceiling hole
>>
No. 967349 ID: dce46f

Sorry about the trouble friend, we're here to help.

Carry the vessel, avoid the death ceiling.
>>
No. 967350 ID: b1b4f3

>>967347
Is the Subsume option reversible? Will it affect our actions and mental state?
>>
No. 967368 ID: adb916

>>967350
why risk it?
>>
No. 967442 ID: d63ea8
File 159010894215.jpg - (217.89KB , 800x1067 , The Vessel Cries.jpg )
967442

>Sorry about the trouble (friend?) Vessel.
sorry…

“I just feel so tired… all the time…

“This feels like a nightmare, and I can’t wake up.”

“Please-”

*sniff*

“Help me…”


>We’re here to help.
help…
>>
No. 967443 ID: d63ea8
File 159010894623.jpg - (114.26KB , 800x1067 , The Sweet Room's Exit.jpg )
967443

>Carry.
>Carry the Vessel.
Vessel…

“I- wha-?”

“Where are you taking me!?”

“Don’t make me leave! I’m safe inside!”

“I’ll just-”

“I’ll just-”

“Hurt.”

>Is the Subsume option reversible?
yes...

>Will it affect our actions and mental state?
yes...

>Why risk it?
protect…

Vessel…


“I CAN’T MOVE! I can’t fight it.”

“I should just give up...”

“There isn’t a point anymore...”
>>
No. 967445 ID: d63ea8
File 159010895001.jpg - (99.14KB , 800x1067 , Another View of the Window.jpg )
967445

>I want to visit the other entity shown in the map before we leave though…
help...

>Approach slowly.


“There’s a monster inside of me… and it’s always hungry…
>>
No. 967446 ID: d63ea8
File 159010896235.jpg - (186.81KB , 800x1067 , Returning with the Vessel.jpg )
967446

>Turned left.


“That's why I need to forget, why I can’t know.”

“If it knew that the cans were lying…”

“...It wants to hurt me…”

>>
No. 967447 ID: d63ea8
File 159010896787.jpg - (164.88KB , 800x1067 , What Lies Beyond.jpg )
967447

>Approach slowly.


“I should’ve gotten more, I needed more.”

“I need MORE! PLEASE I AM DYING!

“It’s hollowing me out…”

“Piece by piece.”
>>
No. 967448 ID: d63ea8
File 159010897169.jpg - (178.42KB , 800x1067 , Near Danger.jpg )
967448

>Approach slowly.
...

>Make sure to avoid the murder ceiling hole.
>Avoid the death ceiling.
avoid...

“When did my skin stop being mine?”

“I can’t…”

“It keeps moving and changing.”


“WHY ARE YOU YELLING! JUST STOP YELLING.”

“No. Can’t let it hear me, can let it find me.”
>>
No. 967449 ID: d63ea8
File 159010899255.jpg - (161.29KB , 800x1067 , Further Still.jpg )
967449

>Approach slowly.


“It wants me out... stopped me from destroying it.”

“The key. The key. I must not find the key.”

“It will hold, it promised me it would…
>>
No. 967450 ID: d63ea8
File 159010899663.jpg - (83.24KB , 800x1067 , The Walls Have Needs.jpg )
967450

>Turned left.
...
>Divine things that change.
>>
No. 967451 ID: d63ea8
File 159010900066.jpg - (200.81KB , 800x1067 , Divining Direction.jpg )
967451

>Divine.
This place is altered
It wishes to go right.
All will lead to the right.
All
converge there.
On the right.
No dead ends.
Only
there.
But the place has no name.


>Feed off of the Vessel. Not a lot, just a bit. Enough to regain your strength.
>Examine what surrounds you.
But there is no lens to focus it.
>Explore by turning in a direction or approaching a distant location.
But you will be vulnerable.
>Inspect items on your person, or elements of the environment.
But there is no lens to filter it.
>Commune with those nearby.
But you cannot ‘speak.’
>Test these ‘powers’ you have, possibly find answers.
You are too weak.
>Evoke a word or a thought. Let it carry you will.
But you may be ‘heard.’

>Divine the deeper meaning of this place.
>Change how the Vessel is kept. Infiltrate. Subsume.

>Try to make the Vessel act.
It will be hard to predict.
>Seek. The Vessel holds it.
>Immerse. The Vessel holds it.
>Withdraw. The Vessel holds it.
>Remember. The Vessel holds it.

>..?
>Please Continue.
>>
No. 967456 ID: b1b4f3

>>967451
Going forward then right would put us off of the map. We can look safely, but traveling more than one (or two?) steps would allow Her to block us in.
We're going forward anyway. May as well take a look to the right.

I hope the ceiling lights didn't drain the Vessel too much...
>>
No. 967457 ID: b1b4f3

Also, if we're venturing into the unknown we should probably Subsume the Vessel. Then stop for a moment and see how much the Vessel influences our actions. Get a handle on keeping erratic behavior at bay and we can keep the Vessel protected while we investigate the mysteries of the maze.
>>
No. 967466 ID: adb916

At most look right, we need to bring this spirit back, I would rather just bring it back.
>>
No. 967483 ID: adb916

((>>/questdis/132787
>As for the last one… that’s where a friend says they can meet you…
>But they won’t be there... for a while.
I understand wanting to go to that symbol but that is almost certainly Etzel/Errant Signal. From whom, the last we heard was: >>/questdis/132807 >>/questdis/132808 >>/questdis/132811 >>/questdis/132812 TL;DR Mask showed up and terrified Etzel who is now probably just hiding))
I Strongly urge us to just turn back, and reunite our vessel.
((I too want to know what is to the right. But... this place is dangerous for us and our vessel's spirit, it is designed to confuse, bait, trap and drain. We got unreasonably lucky with ravenous delights. We can come back to this palace, properly, with the Vessel, undiminished. This again comes from >>/questdis/132787
>You -but more so your Vessel- were able to shift between the Beyond and… your Vessel’s world safely, which is very hard for… most.
One final bit of reasoning,
>But they won’t be there... for a while.
>>967179
>Sorry just trying things, so much to learn and so little time to do it.
Time is crossed out here because time —as we understand it— does not exist here. (I asked Doors about it and got this as a reply: "It was mainly to emphasize that the Beyond is a place without time. Or at least time as a construct.") It may seem like we have been here a while, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.))
>>
No. 967567 ID: d63ea8
File 159020328021.jpg - (83.24KB , 800x1067 , The Walls Have Needs.jpg )
967567

>If we’re venturing into the unknown we should probably Subsume the Vessel.
keep...

close…
>>
No. 967568 ID: d63ea8
File 159020328481.jpg - (182.30KB , 800x1067 , Beckon It's Form.jpg )
967568

>Subsume.

“Wha-”

“What is happening!

“Something is-”

“Help!”
>>
No. 967569 ID: d63ea8
File 159020329160.jpg - (226.56KB , 800x1067 , Drink of It.jpg )
967569

“No. No! NO!

“You’re lying!”

“I’m not-”

“Who are you talking to?!”

“Please someone-”

“I’m REAL.”

“I HAVE TO BE REAL!”

>>
No. 967570 ID: d63ea8
File 159020331388.jpg - (193.36KB , 800x1067 , Draw the Vessel In.jpg )
967570

“I can be dead!”

“THIS CAN’T BE A DREAM!”

“I HAVE TO BE RE
AL!”

“PLEA
SE TELL ME-”

“I can go back.”

>>
No. 967571 ID: d63ea8
File 159020331759.jpg - (156.83KB , 800x1067 , Despite It's Cries.jpg )
967571

“Please tell me I’m real…”

“...tell me I’m real…”

“...help…”

>>
No. 967572 ID: d63ea8
File 159020332285.jpg - (132.64KB , 800x1067 , Where It will be Safe.jpg )
967572

“...want to…”

“...live…”


>Vessel Subsumed.
It is safe now.
>>
No. 967573 ID: d63ea8
File 159020335577.jpg - (83.24KB , 800x1067 , The Walls Have Needs.jpg )
967573

>Stop for a moment and see how much the Vessel influences our actions. Get a handle on keeping erratic behavior at bay.
Nothing yet.

>We can keep the Vessel protected while we investigate the mysteries of the maze.
Yes.

>I hope the ceiling lights didn’t drain the Vessel too much…
The effects were minimal.

>Going forward then right would put us off of the map. We can look safely, but traveling more than one (or two?)-
One, She is watching closely.
>- steps would allow Her to block us in.
Correct.

>We’re going forward anyway. May as well take a look to the right.
>At most look right, we need to bring this spirit back, I would rather just bring it back.
We will be careful.
>>
No. 967574 ID: d63ea8
File 159020336818.jpg - (63.39KB , 800x1067 , Near Right.jpg )
967574

>Approach slowly.
Still hurt.
>>
No. 967575 ID: d63ea8
File 159020337302.jpg - (72.42KB , 800x1067 , Grey Door.jpg )
967575

>Turned right.


>Divine things that change.
>>
No. 967576 ID: d63ea8
File 159020337897.jpg - (211.77KB , 800x1067 , Divining Office.jpg )
967576

>Divine.
That is the end of the ‘maze.’
The one
destination that all walk towards.
Whether they wish it or not.

For there are fates
worse than death or annihilation.

A slow purposeful anger drove the markings into these walls.


She will not be slighted.


>Feed off of the Vessel. Not a lot, just a bit. Enough to regain our strength.
>Examine what surrounds us.
>Explore by turning in a direction or approaching a distant location.
>Inspect items on our person, or elements of the environment.
>Commune with those nearby.
>Test these ‘powers’ we have, possibly find answers.
We are too weak.
>Evoke a word or a thought. Let it carry our will.
But we may be ‘heard.’

>Divine the deeper meaning of this place.
>Change how the Vessel is kept. Carry. Infiltrate.

>Seek. The Vessel holds it.
>Immerse. The Vessel holds it.
>Withdraw. The Vessel holds it.
>Remember. The Vessel holds it.

>We need to decide whether we are visiting the entity shown on the map or returning to the Vessel’s body.
>Please Continue.
>>
No. 967577 ID: b1b4f3

>>967576
Right. So. That's Her office. We could go there and apologize but I doubt She'll have mercy. She can trap us in that corridor, and from the sound of things it's normally a one way trip to begin with. It would be better to garner good will ahead of time by de-scarring the map somehow.
Turn around, go the other way. We're very close to the other entity on the map; we may as well see who it is.

Also: Vessel, can you hear us? You are safe for now.
>>
No. 967578 ID: d63ea8

Wha-
Is someone there?!
I can’t see anything! I can’t move-

Quiet

-ah…

Enemy

Fight


But-

No

Hide


DYING

FIGHT


no-
>>
No. 967580 ID: b1b4f3

>>967578
((Hmm, can we directly silence the red thoughts? With the Vessel subsumed I feel like we might have access to it.))
>>
No. 967581 ID: d63ea8

((You can. You just need to find the right words to do so.))
>>
No. 967595 ID: adb916

Hey! Calm down.
We got you, its ok
Turn around. The entity represented by the symbol is probably not even there.
>>
No. 967607 ID: d63ea8

>Hey! Calm down.
>(Red Thoughts weakened)
HISS

Kill

TRAITOR


I don’t-

>We got you, it's ok.
Trapped

Suffocating

MERCY


I can’t-

move…
>>
No. 967609 ID: adb916

The biggest traitors here are you, Red Thoughts
Safe, Secure, Comfortable, At Ease.
Hey... Hey... its ok... slow down.
Think about what you want to say, you can talk with your mind.
>>
No. 967611 ID: d63ea8

>The biggest traitors here are you, (Red Thoughts).
>(Red Thoughts strengthened)
LIAR
LIAR
LIAR

KILLER


STOP IT PLEASE.

>Safe, Secure, Comfortable, At Ease.
>(White Thoughts weakened)
Lost

Stolen

Tricked


>Hey… Hey… its ok… slow down
>Think about what you want to say, you can talk with your mind.
I… can?
Wait. You sound different, I thought I heard someone else.
Who are you?! Where am I?
Please-
Someone put me here, I can’t-
Why is it so dark?
>>
No. 967612 ID: adb916

>>967611
We are sorry you are here, and are working to put things right. It is dark because you are inside us. I would rather have not had that happen, but we are seldom of one mind about things. Depends on which level of 'here' you want to know, but regardless the answer is probably, on some level, us. The 'someone else' may have been Ravenous Delights. He was leeching your energy while making you think you wanted him to.
Alright, let's suppose I am lying. Can you name or describe the traitor, unless you are talking about —what should be— the temporary death of the body. In that case, we are working on it, we believe we almost got it fixed in fact.
>>
No. 967616 ID: d63ea8

>Alright, let’s suppose I am lying-
LIAR
LIAR

>- Can you name or describe the traitor-
YOU
YOU

>- unless you are talking about -what should be- the temporary death-
KILLER
TRAITOR

>- of the body. In that case, we are working on it, we believe we almost got it fixed in fact.
THIEF
POSSESSOR
LEECH


What?
What is it talking about?!

>We are sorry you are here, and are working to put things right. Itis dark because you are inside us-
Wait-

DYING
FIGHT


No… I can’t be…

>- I would rather have not had that happen, but we are seldom of one mind about things.
I don’t understand…

>Depends on which level of ‘here’ you want to know, but regardless the answer is probably, on some level us.
TRAITOR

Why..? Who..?

>The ‘someone else’ may have been Ravenous Delights. He was leeching-
LEECH

Stolen

>- your energy while making you think you wanted him to.
No… the voice sounds like you… except no.
It was here I think-

Trick

Wait. What are you doing?
>>
No. 967617 ID: adb916

Can you fuck off now please and let me talk to him? You made your point. Now you are just impending our efforts to fix our unwitting mistake.
>What are you doing
Among other things, trying to calm your red and white thoughts down and convince the rest of myself to return you -you are just a spirit right now- to your body, without detour or delay, so you can be alive again. That is our current understanding of what should happen anyway. We only recently found out we were not you, we found this out too late to prevent what your red thoughts are so upset about. We can work out the details when we are safe back in your room.
>>
No. 967618 ID: adb916

>No… the voice sounds like you… except no.
OH! That is probably me trying to talk more directly to your red and white thoughts.
>>
No. 967619 ID: d63ea8

>Can you fuck off now please-
>(Red Thoughts strengthened)
NO
NO
LEECH
TRAITOR

>-and let me talk to him? You made our point. Now you are just impeding our effort to fix our unwitting mistake.
NO
NO
LEECH
TRAITOR


>Among other things, trying-
>(Red Thoughts interfere)
SILENCE
KILLER


...can’t hear...
too...
loud…


>OH! That is probably me trying to talk more directly to your (Red Thoughts) and (White Thoughts).
no… that… way… >>967577
>>
No. 967620 ID: adb916

Fine. We do this the hard way. We need be able to talk without your constant yelling. Quiet, (Red Thoughts)
To reiterate what I said while the (Red Thoughts) were yelling: >>967617
Oh, we are a collection of mental fragments that make up a whole, each fragment has their own feelings on things and what we should do. That voice was a different fragment of us. When I said I was trying to "convince the rest of myself to return you [...] to your body" I meant convince the other fragments.
>>
No. 967622 ID: d63ea8
File 159025728668.jpg - (72.42KB , 800x1067 , Grey Door.jpg )
967622

>Right. So. That’s Her office.
Correct.

>We could go there and apologize but I doubt She’ll have mercy.
Agreed.

>She can trap us in that corridor and from the sounds of things it’s normally a one way trip to begin with.
Most likely.

>It would be better to garner good will ahead of time by descarring the map somehow.
Possibly, but we have to get back to the sanctuary first.

>Turn around, go the other way. We’re very close to the other entity on the map, we may as well see who it is.
>Turn around.
>>
No. 967623 ID: d63ea8
File 159025728910.jpg - (56.70KB , 800x1067 , Facing a Darkening Corridor.jpg )
967623

>Turned right x2.
A bit further and-
Ah-
>>
No. 967624 ID: d63ea8
File 159025730764.jpg - (311.76KB , 800x1067 , Red is Screaming.jpg )
967624

>(Turmoil)
It’s trying to rebel against us.
It is very distracting.

We just need to-
>>
No. 967625 ID: d63ea8
File 159025731574.jpg - (178.26KB , 800x1067 , Quieted.jpg )
967625

>Quiet, (Red Thoughts)
>(Red Thoughts silenced for now)
There.

We can continue.

>Divine things that change.
>>
No. 967626 ID: d63ea8
File 159025733456.jpg - (186.39KB , 800x1067 , Divining Territory.jpg )
967626

>Divine.
This place is a crossroads.
Another corruption has settled into this place, but its
presence has been hidden beneath the Scars.

Each step has been carefully crafted with
certainty but was then hidden by the gloom of another.

For those who do not have the
image in their mind, it is a hall without end.

And they will get lost.

>>
No. 967627 ID: d63ea8
File 159025733858.jpg - (77.57KB , 800x1067 , Approaching Darkness.jpg )
967627

>Approach slowly.
Almost there.

>The entity represented by the symbol is probably not even there.
Maybe, but we might as well look, since we are so close.

>Feed off of the Vessel. Not a lot, just a bit. Enough to regain our strength.
>Examine what surrounds us.
>Explore by turning in a direction or approaching a distant location.
>Inspect items on our person, or elements of the environment.
>Commune with those nearby.
>Test these ‘powers’ we have, possibly find answers.
We are too weak.
>Evoke a word or a thought. Let it carry our will.
But we may be ‘heard.’

>Divine the deeper meaning of this place.
>Change how the Vessel is kept. Carry. Infiltrate.

>Seek. The Vessel holds it.
>Immerse. The Vessel holds it.
>Withdraw. The Vessel holds it.
>Remember. The Vessel holds it.

>We’ll have to figure out how to deal with the (Red Thoughts), they won’t stay silent forever.
>Please Continue.
>>
No. 967628 ID: d63ea8

Wait, what was that? It felt like everything shook for a moment.
… is-
Is it gone?

No
No
Voice
Stolen


>To reiterate what I said while the (Red Thoughts) were yelling: (information conveyed).
I… I think I understand, but I think you’re-

Hiding

-hiding something from me.

>We are a collection of mental Fragments that make up a whole, each fragment has their own feelings on things and what we should do. That voice was a different Fragment of us. When I said I was trying to “convince the rest of myself to return you [...] to your body” I meant convince the other fragments.
Oh. I… this is a lot to take in.

What do you want with me? I’m-

Nothing

-nothing…
>>
No. 967633 ID: adb916

Your the only thing we know, you are safe, you are stability, you are home(?), we don't belong here.
Don't continue down this path, we can explore it later, take our vessel back to it's body.
>>
No. 967636 ID: d63ea8

>Your the only thing we know, you are safe, you are stability, you are home(?) our Vessel, we don’t belong here.
>(White Thoughts quieted)

I… didn’t know I was important.
I’ll trust you…
Please get us out of here.
>>
No. 967640 ID: b1b4f3

>>967633
How are we supposed to get back here again? And what would make it safer to explore later?
>>
No. 967642 ID: d63ea8

>>967640
It’s you again!
Please… if there is something I can do…
I want to help.
>>
No. 967643 ID: b1b4f3

>>967642
Can you try dreaming? Or maybe just try to Immerse as if you were already dreaming.
Alternatively, if you *really* want to help, you could consent to share a little of your life energy with us. We are trying to be more than a parasite though, and you will not recover energy while we are in the Beyond so it's a limited resource. Don't take this decision lightly.
>>
No. 967646 ID: d63ea8

>Can you try dreaming? Or maybe just try to Immerse as if you were already dreaming.
This feels like a dream, but I can’t change it.
I’ll-
I’ll try.

>Alternatively, if you *really* want to help, you could consent to share a little of your life energy with us. We are trying to be more than a parasite though, and you will not recover energy while we are in the Beyond so it’s a limited resource. Don’t take this decision lightly.
So… they were right… you…
No, I-
I don’t know you.
But…

Do what you want…
>>
No. 967647 ID: d63ea8
File 159027031437.jpg - (160.12KB , 800x1067 , Immersed into Darkness.jpg )
967647

>Immerse.
We are being pulled outwards.
Our form is shaking.
It is distracting.

>Feed off of the Vessel. Not a lot, just a bit. Enough to regain our strength.
>Examine what surrounds us.
>Explore by turning in a direction or approaching a distant location.
>Inspect items on our person, or elements of the environment.
>Commune with those nearby.
>Test these ‘powers’ we have, possibly find answers.
We are too weak.
>Evoke a word or a thought. Let it carry our will.
This half-state is too disorienting for us.

>Divine the deeper meaning of this place.
>Change how the Vessel is kept. Carry. Infiltrate.

>Seek. The Vessel holds it.
>Immerse. The Vessel holds it.
>Withdraw. The Vessel holds it.
>Remember. The Vessel holds it.

>We are being flooded with bizarre sensations.
>Please Continue.
>>
No. 967651 ID: adb916

((>>967640 see >>967483 TL;DR: Vessel can go between the worlds safely, we are "diminished" as we are right now, what exactly that means I do not really know only that it is not ideal.))
let's go back to the vessel's body please. Now is not the time to figure out new things, we can do it later when we are less vulnerable and the Vessel has his body back.
Right now it is like we are in Minecraft caves (that shift around you when you look away) in leather armor with wooden tools when if we go home (bring Vessel back to body) we could come back and continue with iron or diamond. Oh, and we have no torches. Continuing as we are is extra unnecessary risk we could be mitigating.
>>
No. 967652 ID: adb916

>>967646
Don't take it, we shouldn't need it if we just go back.
>>
No. 967653 ID: b1b4f3

>>967652
Fine. But while we're here and the Vessel is Subsumed, why don't we try to get rid of the red thoughts? Maybe we can do some neurosurgery, of a sort...
>>
No. 967654 ID: 213fb9

>>967653
A reasonable idea, though at the moment it seems we can only talk at it. The only tool we know how to use is evocation, and that is currently disabled.
>>
No. 967660 ID: b1b4f3

>>967654
I was thinking something more like Inspecting the Vessel from within, to see if we can isolate the sources of red and white thoughts, and perhaps interact directly with them. Would that count as a Commune?
>>
No. 967668 ID: adb916

((>>967660
alright but once we are back in the saferoom))
>>
No. 967749 ID: d63ea8
File 159037742854.jpg - (220.79KB , 800x1067 , Bad Sign.jpg )
967749

>Let’s go back to the Vessel’s body please. Now is not the time to figure out new things, we can do it later when we are less vulnerable and the Vessel has its body back.
>Fine.
We’ll retrace our-

>Turned right.
Life-fluids have been shed recently.

>Just go back
Probably the safest choice.
>>
No. 967750 ID: d63ea8
File 159037743298.jpg - (163.29KB , 800x1067 , Seeing the Trap.jpg )
967750

>Turned right.
We can (see?) behind the (walls?)
>>
No. 967751 ID: d63ea8
File 159037743846.jpg - (181.73KB , 800x1067 , The Portcullis Hangs Above.jpg )
967751

>Approach slowly.
This would have… trapped us.
>>
No. 967752 ID: d63ea8
File 159037744231.jpg - (163.31KB , 800x1067 , Facing the Lighter Way.jpg )
967752

>Turned right.
And what is..?
>>
No. 967753 ID: d63ea8
File 159037749904.jpg - (199.78KB , 800x1067 , Window with Branches.jpg )
967753

>Approach slowly.
It is a part of Her.
>>
No. 967754 ID: d63ea8
File 159037752710.jpg - (260.90KB , 800x1067 , Back Again.jpg )
967754

>Turned right.
How could we not see them?
>>
No. 967755 ID: d63ea8
File 159037756411.jpg - (250.54KB , 800x1067 , Beneath Branches.jpg )
967755

>Approach slowly.
Our Divination...
>>
No. 967756 ID: d63ea8
File 159037760759.jpg - (248.96KB , 800x1067 , Almost Back.jpg )
967756

>Approach slowly.
Should be potent.
>>
No. 967758 ID: d63ea8
File 159037763617.jpg - (238.03KB , 800x1067 , The Hidden Door.jpg )
967758

>Turned right.

>>
No. 967759 ID: d63ea8
File 159037764736.jpg - (156.50KB , 800x1067 , The Body is Ready.jpg )
967759

>Approach slowly.
It was.
It is.
Waiting.
Ready.

Beyond some cursory corruption-
-interference-
-within the creature. The examination was unremarkable.

The flesh waits to be occupied-

-renewed-
-by the spirit.
Spirit.


>But while we’re here and the Vessel is Subsumed, why don't we try to get rid of the (Red Thoughts)? Maybe we can do some neurosurgery, of a sort.
>A reasonable idea, though at the moment it seems we can only talk at it. The only tool we know how to use is Evocation, and that is currently disabled.
We need to be settled back into this realm, we cannot Evoke because we are distracted by this new state.

>I was thinking something more like Inspecting the Vessel from within, to see if we can isolate the sources of (Red Thoughts) and (White Thoughts), and perhaps interact directly with them. Would that count as a Commune?
Unsure.
>>
No. 967760 ID: d63ea8
File 159037768143.jpg - (159.08KB , 800x1067 , Inspecting the Vessel's Fragment.jpg )
967760

>Inspect.
Within us are many fragments.
This is what We are.

But there is one that does not fit.
The Vessel.
Its spirit is collapsed and compressed into a matching form, but even then there is disharmony.
Within the Vessel’s fragment Dark and Tinted colours swirl…
Impurities.

Light floats around the fragment’s edges, but it is separate.

And Illuminated.

>Feed off of the Vessel. Not a lot, just a bit. Enough to regain our strength.
>Examine what surrounds us.
>Explore by turning in a direction or approaching a distant location.
>Inspect items on our person, or elements of the environment.
>Commune with those nearby.
>Test these ‘powers’ we have, possibly find answers.
We are too weak.
>Evoke a word or a thought. Let it carry our will.
This half-state is too disorienting for us.

>Divine the deeper meaning of this place.
>Change how the Vessel is kept. Carry. Infiltrate.

>Seek. The Vessel holds it.
>Immerse. The Vessel holds it.
>Withdraw. The Vessel holds it.
>Remember. The Vessel holds it.

>We are learning much.
>Please Continue.
>>
No. 967773 ID: adb916

>>967760
Lets our ask vessel to un-immerse. We may then be able to evoke these impurities out. (We will have to be careful with the wording though, wouldn't want to harm the Vessel)
also: Vessel how do you feel about those (White Thoughts) and those (Red Thoughts)
>>
No. 967776 ID: d63ea8

I don’t know what you are talking about. What are ‘White Thoughts’ and ‘Red Thoughts’?

But I’ll try to Withdraw, as you want.
>>
No. 967777 ID: adb916

the thing that was too loud here:>>967619 was (Red Thoughts) and yes please do Withdraw for the moment, being Immersed, while useful, is distracting
>>
No. 967778 ID: d63ea8

That… they were…
I just thought…
...you were trying to hurt me…
...and I…

Sorry I-
I didn’t mean to distract you…


>(Red Thoughts are fighting against the silence)
Just do what you want.
>>
No. 967780 ID: adb916

>>967778
hey, hey, you are doing great. It was helpful! It lets us see things that are otherwise hidden, but in this room that is not necessary. But I know you can not see, you have no way to know.
>>
No. 967781 ID: b1b4f3

>>967773
I believe the command we want is to Change, to Carry, once we're done discussing things with the Vessel.
Also I'm concerned that Evoking again will piss off Delights again... unless this room is soundproofed? There was a screen at the doorway.

>>967776
What we call Red Thoughts are the aggressive, angry voices you hear. The White Thoughts are the cautious, fearful voices you hear. Does this clear things up? Do you know where they're coming from? We see them as impurities, but we don't know for sure if that means they're separate from you and could be excised to your benefit, or somehow merged and now part of you that would be harmful to remove. Are these voices needed for you to write? I remember it seemed like you were using their words that way.
I decided not to try to feed off of you, since you didn't strongly recommend it. Once we are together again in your home it shouldn't matter anyway.

>>967759
Commune with It/It: Thank you for waiting. We will be just a little longer.
>>
No. 967782 ID: adb916

Divine at the Light
>>
No. 967785 ID: d63ea8

>Hey, hey, you are doing great. It was helpful! It lets us see things that are otherwise hidden, but in this room that is not necessary. But I know you cannot, you have no way to know.
I… thank you.
Are we safe?

>What we call (Red Thoughts) are the aggressive, angry voices you hear. The (White Thoughts) are the cautious, fearful voices you hear. Does this clear things up?
I think so.

>Do you know where they’re coming from?
Inside of my head…

>We see them as impurities, but we don’t know for sure if that means they’re separate from you and could be excised to your benefit, or somehow merged and now part of you that would be harmful if removed.
I don’t know.

>Are these voices needed for you to write? I remember it seemed like you were using their words that way.
I… don’t know…

>I decided not to try and Feed off of you, since you didn't strongly recommend it. Once we are together again in your home it shouldn’t matter anyway.
It’s…
>(Red Thoughts are fighting against the silence)
...your choice.
You probably need it more than I do…

>>
No. 967788 ID: adb916

>Are we safe?
Safer than we were but not yet back in your room, however your current state presents an opportunity that may not come around again.
>Are these voices needed for you to write? I remember it seemed like you were using their words that way.
I personally suspect not, but just in case we should be able to isolate and 'quarantine' these impurities such that they can not overwhelm you, and you know where they come from, that they are not 'you' proper.
>>
No. 967789 ID: d63ea8