[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 686091)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 41599 unique user posts. View catalog

File 144874961089.png - (51.94KB , 1100x900 , 1.png )
686091 No. 686091 ID: 65a774

Discussion and previous thread: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/56976.html
A new nation born from the construction of many.
Expand all images
>>
No. 686092 ID: 65a774
File 144874962251.png - (29.40KB , 900x450 , 2.png )
686092

To think, so much has happened since you arrived here at the station…
A suicide of a sentient machine, a slave to the system…
A murder, a misunderstanding coming from a forged note.
A terrorist group, trying to free it’s brethren…
And another group who… you don’t actually know what they want yet, but they did call themselves “The pure ones” so it can’t be good.
Oh, and you can’t forget the ARC… a new weapon of destruction… of which one has gained a sense of self.
So much has happened on such a short ti-
BEEP!
Wha-
BEEP!
>>
No. 686093 ID: 65a774
File 144874963661.png - (25.52KB , 686x526 , 3.png )
686093

:PACDREAM: BEEP BEEP BEEP.
:JourneyDREAM: I’m awake… I’m awake…
:PACDREAM: Rise and shine, officer. It’s a new glorious day here at New Horizon and it is time for you to wake up and experience it! Also, time for work… YAY!
:JourneyDREAM: Ugh… yeah, “yay”…
:PACDREAM: Oh, and remember that Sakkilian that attacked you yesterday? He’s going to go free on bail soon, just so you know… also, the chief got a special mission for you concerning him!
:JourneyDREAM: …wait, what?

…also, you feel kind of weird all the sudden…
>>
No. 686095 ID: a22f87

well might as well get dressed and see what the boss wants. And remember to always carry a weapon know since you seem to be quite prone to falling into ambushes lately.
>>
No. 686098 ID: e34813

You got up too fast and now your balance and vision is messed up, slow down. Give it a second and wait for the color to return. What's on the table, and what did you fall asleep in?

All that is holy, PAC, did you get a personality update forcing you to irritate life forms that require sleep with morning cheer?
>>
No. 686156 ID: 742b4a

Right, what's the mission?
>>
No. 686212 ID: 65a774
File 144881113286.png - (27.40KB , 900x450 , 4.png )
686212

>You got up too fast and now your balance and vision is messed up, slow down.
Ugh... you didn’t even drink yesterday…
>What's on the table.
Oh, it seems like you still have a piece of delicious cardboard left! Score!
>What did you fall asleep in?
It’s your trusty Hibernating sphere, of course! Where else would you sleep?
>And remember to always carry a weapon know since you seem to be quite prone to falling into ambushes lately.
While you still have your stun rod and sleeper gun, you should really need something a bit more powerful.

>By all that is holy, PAC, did you get a personality update forcing you to irritate life forms that require sleep with morning cheer?
:PACDREAM: Being cheery in the morning is proven to lighten the mood of the rest of the day for over 95% of people that regularly sleeps.
>Right, what's the mission?
:PACDREAM: You have currently four objectives that needs your attention. First, we have a task directed directly from the chief of police. A Sakkillian named Agathon, the Sakkillian who resisted arrested yesterday, will be released on bail later today. The chief wishes for you to shadow him when he leaves and find out what’s he’s up to and who paid his bail and why.
:JourneyDREAM: And when will he be released?
:PACDREAM: When you’re ready to track him.
:JourneyDREAM: And the other tasks?

:PACDREAM: The CEO of the local Sol Corp operations, Eli, have asked for you personally to invest a theft of Sol Corp properties that might have taken place on the outer rim level 174.
:JourneyDREAM: Wait, isn’t that an area without life-support?
:PACDREAM: Correct, so no air, radiation protection or heat. But do not worry; your suit will protect you.
:JourneyDREAM: But who would go all the way there just to steal something?
:PACDREAM: Someone that really wants access to the ARCs?

:PACDREAM: Now, your third mission is connected to the Uredo that attacked you yesterday. They have managed to extract an address from his suit that you should look into. We do not know what you will find there but you should be cautious.
:JourneyDREAM: It’s possible it’s just a red herring…

:PACDREAM: Lastly, you should also check out the area where Cib was attacked yesterday. There might be some clues left there.
:JourneyDREAM: Wait, I’m doing everything by myself?
:PACDREAM: You have your partner, remember? Also, officers will be dispatched as they become available.
:JourneyDREAM: Still…
:PACDREAM: Oh, and the chief have agreed to issue you with a shock rifle for protection.
:JourneyDREAM: Oh sweet!
:PACDREAM: It will be ready to be transported to your location in about two hours.
:JourneyDREAM: Not so sweet…

:PACDREAM: So, where are we off to first, officer?
>>
No. 686213 ID: ea0ad9

>It will be ready to be transported to your location in about two hours.
Uuugh. At least shadowing should be a safe bet. But if it's an enemy trying to elimate loose ties...

...Let's just shadow him, best to not keep the boss waiting.
>>
No. 686228 ID: a22f87

wait didn't we already check out the Uredo's place? that hotel room? Or is this a different address?

Anyways I say we check out where Cib was attacked?
1)he's a friend
and
2)if he was attacked in our neighborhood then then the rest of our friends might be in danger as well since whoever is trying to stop us from doing the Arc mission seems to be willing to attack our friends to get us to stop.

Also it should kill enough time for us to get the rifle so we can then shadow Agathon more safely incase he walks towards a more dangerous part of the ship. Plus since it seems like someone wanted to kill him he may need someone to pull his tail out of the fire.
>>
No. 686231 ID: 67ade2

> Being cheery in the morning is proven to lighten the mood of the rest of the day for over 95% of people that regularly sleeps.
I'd hate to meet that focus group when I've just woken up.

>shadow him when he leaves and find out what’s he’s up to and who paid his bail and why.
A stakeout will take the rest of the day, at least, and end up being dangerous. Anyway, the fucker can pack sand in his cell until we're good and ready.
>Correct, so no air, radiation protection or heat.
Not doing that first thing in the morning. We'll probably need to get a replacement suit after what happened yesterday, anyway.
>Address, we do not know what you will find there but you should be cautious.
Sounds like a party we should bring a long gun to.
>check out the area where Cib was attacked yesterday.
Should be close, if I recall correctly, and we don't want any leads to go cold. Let's go there first.
>>
No. 686358 ID: 65a774
File 144891026760.png - (22.71KB , 900x450 , 5.png )
686358

>Wait didn't we already check out the Uredo's place? That hotel room? Or is this a different address?
:PACDREAM: It’s a different address. This address leads to a locale owned by a private company that specializes in renting out buildings for non-residential purposes. We don’t know who is currently renting that particular address.
>We'll probably need to get a replacement suit after what happened yesterday, anyway.
:PACDREAM: Your suit is already fully functional. It was fully repaired while you slept.

>I say we check out where Cib was attacked.
:PACDREAM: Ah, of course you’re anxious to protect your friends. Good choice, officer.
>Should be close.
:PACDREAM: Actually, it’s a few sub-floors down in a nearby spire, but it isn’t far with a tram.
:JourneyDREAM: Right. Let’s get this over with.



:PACDREAM: Here we are.
:JourneyDREAM: This is where Cib was attacked?
:PACDREAM: Not quite. This is the last known area he was in before he was attacked. Soon after leaving a meeting with a SAI group called Sons of Steel he was attacked by… someone.
:JourneyDREAM: Don’t we any cameras around here?
:PACDREAM: This area is owned by a private company that specializes in renting out buildings for non-residential purposes, thus they do not have permission to monitor passerby’s.
:JourneyDREAM: …wait, is that the same company as the other-
:PACDREAM: Indeed, it is the same company, but the address is located in another spire not far from here, above ground. Let’s just say the price difference of the rooms here and there is… a few zeros on the end.
:JourneyDREAM: Yeah, I figured.

:UnknownKAK: Oi, what ya think ya doing, guv? This is SAI country, it is.
:UnknownKAK: Yeah, so beat it, copper.
:JourneyDREAM: Oh, great, the locals…
:UnknownKAK: Don’t make us report you for harassing minorities, pig!
:UnknownKAK: No speciest thugs allowed ‘ere, eh!
>>
No. 686361 ID: a22f87

Alright let's not beat around the bush here, ask if they know Cib. If asked why tell them you're looking for the people that attacked him the other day. If we can actually get them to talk to us ask if the last time they saw him and if they saw some Sakkillian wondering around last night (didn't we get some camera footage of some Sakkillians dropping Cib's head off at our room?) Or any non SAI really.
>>
No. 686375 ID: ea0ad9

>Don’t make us report you for harassing minorities, pig!
Please don't make assumptions based on my species. I'm actually here to investigate an incident that already happened, that my friend was the victim of. Are you familiar with a SAI by the name of Cib? Has a rectangular camera head that's the same model used by SN-uh, I forget the number but he was a famous SAI spokesperson, apparently.
>>
No. 686376 ID: ea0ad9

>>686375
Let's rephrase and ask if they know him or have seen anybody by the description.
>>
No. 686378 ID: 5ad4a7

>>686358
Tell them you're not specist. In fact you're trying to find out who attacked your SAI friend. The best information we can get from them is the location of the Sons of Steel meeting, because all we know is that Cib was attacked just after leaving it. We need to investigate the scene of the crime.
>>
No. 686383 ID: cc0c54

I'm looking into the kidnapping of an SAI colloquially known as CIB. He was nabbed by some Sakkilians impersonating police officers, anyone know anything?
>>
No. 686478 ID: 65a774
File 144899148828.png - (46.08KB , 686x526 , 6.png )
686478

>Please don't make assumptions based on my species.
:UnknownKAK: What!? Just because we’re synthetics ya’re just assuming we’re speciest!? Ya organics are all the same!
:UnknownKAK: Err… wait…
>In fact you're trying to find out who attacked your SAI friend.
:UnknownKAK: Ha, SAI friend!? That’s not bloody likely!
>Are you familiar with a SAI by the name of Cib?
:UnknownKAK: Cib!? What kind of boorish name is that?
:JourneyDREAM: Got a rectangular camera head, a humanoid body, mostly blue?
:UnknownKAK: Oh, I think he means CB11…
:UnknownKAK: We don’t know anyone like that!

>He was nabbed by some people impersonating police officers, anyone know anything?
:UnknownKAK: We didn’t see anyone!
:UnknownKAK: Yeah, there weren’t any Sakkilians around here at all, yesterday!
:UnknownKAK: There’s never any Sakkilians here at all!
:UnknownKAK: Well, except for that cyborg one that just went by…
:UnknownKAK: But that doesn’t count! No Sakkillians here!
>The best information we can get from them is the location of the Sons of Steel meeting
:UnknownKAK: Well never tell ya that, ya nark!
:UnknownKAK: Yeah! You’re just her to silence the witnesses anyway, but we got our eyes on you, mister!
:UnknownKAK: Don’t ya dare try to silence us, pig! We still have an ace up our sleeves!
:JourneyDREAM: …doesn’t that sing behind you say “Sons of steel”?
:UnknownKAK: … … …no?
:JourneyDREAM: You know what… thank you for your time but I’ll see if I can find someone that’s actually helpful now.
:UnknownKAK: …Nark!



:VitusDREAM: -ee anything?
:UnknownKAK: Sorry, but that’s everything I’ve heard. Maybe you can ask- Hmm? How can I help you, Officer?
:VitusDREAM: Oh, err… hello, officer.
:JourneyDREAM: Vitus?
:VitusDREAM: Wait, Jo, is that you?
>>
No. 686485 ID: cc0c54

Recognize his uniform?
Are you doing investigating too, Vitus?
>>
No. 686486 ID: 5ad4a7

>>686478
Yup. Looking into who kidnapped Cib. Got any info on who might have witnessed the kidnapping or where, exactly, it took place?
>>
No. 686487 ID: a22f87

Vitus? what are you doing here?
>>
No. 686495 ID: dbe554

Gotta love those idiots who are anti-cop yet expect the system to work for them by being as unhelpful as possible.

Also stare at the suddenly sexy Vitus, seems like your experiencing such enhanced vision suddenly!
>>
No. 686502 ID: 65a774
File 144901079925.png - (9.03KB , 900x450 , 7b.png )
686502

>Also stare at the suddenly sexy Vitus.
Stupid sexy Vitus…
>Recognize his uniform?
It’s the same suit he’s been wearing since you got here… or at least the same design. Sadly, it’s hides most of his form and it’s not like he’s “wearing nothing at all” at all! …wait, where did all this “Sexy Vitus” stuff come from? s

>Vitus? what are you doing here?
:VitusDREAM: Oh, err… well, apparently, Cib thought he might have forgotten some tools and other robot maintenance stuff here and asked me to pick them up but… err… it seems he might have had them with him when he was attacked, yeah?
:UnknownKAK: As far as we know, he left with everything he had with him yesterday.
>Looking into who kidnapped Cib.
:VitusDREAM: Ah, yeah, of course.
:UnknownKAK: The peace keepers already sent someone? Cases like these tend to be put on hold most of the time… so, how can I help you, officer?

>Got any info on who might have witnessed the kidnapping or where, exactly, it took place?
:UnknownKAK: Well, there has been talk about someone seeing a Sakkillian peace keeper pulling him into an alleyway nearby, but that’s probably just baseless rumors. The peace keepers might have ignored us in the past, but I wouldn’t think you guys would outright attack one of us.
:JourneyDREAM: Who saw it and where?
:UnknownKAK: Who started the rumor? I don’t know for sure but it was someone who hangs around here, for sure. As for where… well, last I saw him he was heading for the Tram station to the east, which means he took a hard left as soon as he left this building. It should have been somewhere between there and here?
:PACDREAM: Cibs body was found in a trash container located near the Tram station, so the place where the assault took place would be close by.
:JourneyDREAM: Wait, why shouldn’t the attack happen right next to the container?
:PACDREAM: Because it’s located in plain sight in the middle of a small “square”, making it impossible for not a ton of witnesses seeing the deed.
:JourneyDREAM: Yet they got the body over there… hmm…

:VitusDREAM: Err… so, hey, Jo… do you mind if I… um… tag along? I still need to find Cib’s stuff, yeah? And… err… I want to see those that did this face justice just as much as you do so… can I?
>>
No. 686505 ID: dbe554

Yeah sure, come along if you want. Just remember that I am still on duty and that people have attacked me in the past so be careful, the suit protects us but your kinda..unarmed and defenseless.
>>
No. 686512 ID: c86aaa

Say he can stick around if he wants but you are on duty so if he comes with he's going to half to follow your orders. It will mostly come down to don't touch that, stand over there, simple things like that so he doesn't contaminate a crime scene. We'd both be in deep shit if that happens.
>>
No. 686518 ID: cc0c54

Righto, but don't touch anything. I mean it, it's still a crime scene.

Well, let's take a tour of the local alleyways. Any idea of what CIB bought? It'll make it easier to place him.

PAC, what paperwork or whatever would be necessary to have the things CIB purchased released from evidence once we find them?
>>
No. 686524 ID: ea0ad9

>I want to see those that did this face justice just as much as you do so
What's protocol on this? Regardless, I wanna say yes, as long as he doesn't try dishing out the justice himself.
>>
No. 686583 ID: 65a774
File 144908370387.png - (19.31KB , 900x450 , 8.png )
686583

>What's protocol on this?
:PACDREAM: Protocol states that you should leave civilian outside any investigation, but it doesn’t say anything about letting someone tag along on a distance.
>Say he can stick around if he wants but you are on duty.
:JourneyDREAM: So you better keep up with me.
:VitusDREAM: Don’t worry, yeah, I’m augmented through the teeth! I can keep it up for pretty much forever… err… I mean, keep up with you… f-forever… yeah…
>People have attacked me in the past so be careful, the suit protects us but your kind of… unarmed and defenseless.
:VitusDREAM: Well… I am kind of packing a bit of heat… I mean, these arms pack a punch so… I guess I should pound someone into submission? …or I can just pullout, yeah? Run away all bravely and all that?
>Don't touch anything. I mean it; it's still a crime scene.
:VitusDREAM: Yeah, don’t worry. I’ll make sure to do it hands-free… I’m content to watch the action from the sidelines, yeah?
>Don’t try dishing out the justice yourself.
:VitusDREAM: Of course not, yeah? I know how to control myself, not letting emotions getting to me and make me do something stupid.

>Any idea of what CIB bought? It'll make it easier to place him.
:VitusDREAM: Err… let’s see… mostly oils, wires and stuff like that… and a hand-brain.
:JourneyDREAM: Hand-brain?
:VitusDREAM: It’s a small hand held computer used when repairing advance AI machinery. That’s the thing it wanted back, as they usually go for about half a k creds, yeah? But yes, it didn’t buy them around here, yeah, it already had it with them when they got to the meeting.
:JourneyDREAM: Oh…
>PAC, what paperwork or whatever would be necessary to have the things CIB purchased released from evidence once we find them?
:PACDREAM: If they aren’t important to the case, I might get them later today. Otherwise, not until the case is closed. We might be able to supply Cib with replacement wares if they are deemed important enough.


>Well, let's take a tour of the local alleyways.
:JourneyDREAM: Right, enough talk! TO THE ALLEYWAYS!
:VitusDREAM: TO THE CRIME SCENE!
:JourneyDREAM: IN THE NAME OF THE LAW!
:VitusDREAM: IN THE NAME OF THE TRUTH!
:JourneyDREAM: :VitusDREAM: WE ARE THE JUSTICE FORCE! FOR GREAT JUSTICE! AWAY!
:PACDREAM: Warning, dorkiness reaching critical mass…

:VitusDREAM: Oh man, who’d known that there were so many Alleyways around here, yeah?
:JourneyDREAM: At least most of them are empty or cut off…
:VitusDREAM: Hey, what is this? Oh, I think I found Cibs bag of stuff…
:JourneyDREAM: Really? That might mean this is where it got attacked.
:VitusDREAM: Let’s see… hmm… hey, there’s no hand-brain in here… but it said it had it with it.
:JourneyDREAM: Just don’t touch the bag, Vitus.
:VitusDREAM: I’m not touching anything, don’t worry…
>>
No. 686584 ID: 295ed7

> a hand-brain.
Does that have any tracers or trackers or locators we can use to find it?

Where's the ladder lead?
>>
No. 686587 ID: a22f87

where's that latter lead to? Also since you have gloves on of sorts can you see what's in the bag?
>>
No. 686588 ID: 5ad4a7

Look behind the crates and barrels.
>>
No. 686646 ID: ea0ad9

>hey, there’s no hand-brain in here…
Wait, do your implants let you scan things without touching? Well, something that valuable could may be hidden from scans anyways. (Unless that's the kind of stuff of Sci-Fi even here, then nevermind)
Check for any traces of a struggle, battle, or dismantlement.
>>
No. 686765 ID: 65a774
File 144915954889.png - (19.45KB , 900x450 , 9.png )
686765

>Check for any traces of a struggle, battle, or dismantlement.
:PACDREAM: Scanning… traces found. There are small pieces of metal on the ground here… and plastic. It’s probable that they are leftovers from when they cut of Cib’s head. There are also some faint tracks on the ground… I do believe they are made by some kind of threads? Rather small sized threads at that…
>Where's the ladder lead?
:PACDREAM: It leads to an access tunnel between the sub-levels. It’s currently locked tight.
:JourneyDREAM: Aw, I was hoping it would lead us to a secret base or something.
:VitusDREAM: Don’t be silly, Jo. A secret base would have a way more awesome entrance… one filled with… err… acid and… acid breathing sharks?
:JourneyDREAM: Acid breathing sharks with lasers!
:VitusDREAM: And fire breath, yeah!
:JourneyDREAM: That would be so-
:JourneyDREAM: :VitusDREAM: Awesome…
:PACDREAM:

>Does that have any tracers or trackers or locators we can use to find it?
:VitusDREAM: Of course not, it isn’t that expensive.
:JourneyDREAM: I don’t know… 500 credits is about… what, 50 cans of soda?
:VitusDREAM: …500 creds, while nothing to sneeze at, isn’t that much… I mean, you can’t even buy a new Holo-game for that, yeah?
>Wait, do your implants let you scan things without touching?
:VitusDREAM: Well, err… my eyes are cybernetic in nature, yeah, but… the bag was wide open, wasn’t it?
>Since you have gloves on of sorts can you see what's in the bag?
:JourneyDREAM: Let’s see… oil… metal polish… lens polish… screws… wires… a new lens? Hmm… doesn’t seem to be anything of real interest in here… but where is the hand-brain thingy?
:VitusDREAM: Um… maybe they stole it? I mean… they might have thought it might record them attacking Cib or something… I mean, it could have…
:JourneyDREAM: But why not just take the whole bag? Hmmm…

>Look behind the crates and barrels.
:JourneyDREAM: Oh, look! I found something really important!
:PACDREAM: …old cans and bottles?
:JourneyDREAM: And see, in these cardboard boxes!
:PACDREAM: More cans and bottles?
:JourneyDREAM: Clearly, those two nefarious villains emptied one of those boxes for their evil deeds!
:PACDREAM: …well, Cib’s body was found lying next to a broken cardboard box… it’s possible they used one of these to transport it without rousing suspicion.
:JourneyDREAM: I knew these old bottles were important! Now… um… what know? There weren’t really any clues lying around here…
:VitusDREAM: Maybe we should check that container Cib’s body was found in?
:PACDREAM: Other officers has already searched that area. They found nothing of any real interest.
:JourneyDREAM: So this whole thing was a waste of time… unless we find that hand-brain thingy… maybe it did record something or the like?
:VitusDREAM: But that thing can be anywhere by now! Where should we even start looking for it?
>>
No. 686767 ID: 3ebc5e

Bring a cardboard box, for its the ultimate tool in stealth.
>>
No. 686769 ID: a22f87

the hand brain whatever, what can it do besides fine tune AIs? Think it's possible that took it because they plan on using it?

Well as for where to look I guess we could keep trying to trace the area and see if we can't find what route Cib's attackers took to the dumpster they dumped him in and see if we can't find something they might have dropped while hauling him away.
>>
No. 686771 ID: ea0ad9

>There are also some faint tracks on the ground… I do believe they are made by some kind of threads? Rather small sized threads at that…
Well, where do those lead?
>It leads to an access tunnel between the sub-levels. It’s currently locked tight.
Any signs of tampering on that? Fans are worth checking, too.
>Awesome…
Cute Patoot Dorks
>find what route Cib's attackers took to the dumpster they dumped him
That'll be a useful route to check.
>>
No. 686772 ID: 5ad4a7

Is it possible Cib didn't lose it here, but simply forgot it at the meeting?
>>
No. 686781 ID: 98b0f4

Maximum overdork engage

>It’s currently locked tight.
Could it be accessed by someone with proper authorization or the right tools? Or does it open to a hard vacuum?
>I do believe they are made by some kind of treads? Rather small sized treads at that…
like a wheely bin or one of those hand dolly things used to move boxes? That's probably the route they took, follow it.
> But why not just take the whole bag? Hmmm…
Maybe Cib had it in his hand or pocket or something and dropped it on the way.
>>
No. 686788 ID: 65a774
File 144917087369.png - (22.73KB , 900x450 , 10.png )
686788

>Bring a cardboard box, for its the ultimate tool in stealth.
It also doubles as a delicious lunch! Clearly, it’s the great tool to end all tools!

>The hand brain whatever, what can it do besides fine tune AIs?
:VitusDREAM: Not a whole lot… at least, not the cheap model Cib had bought. I mean, they do have some basic functions like calculations, time and recording, yeah, but nothing really special.
>Think it's possible that took it because they plan on using it?
:VitusDREAM: …somehow, I don’t think that’s likely…

>Could it be accessed by someone with proper authorization or the right tools?
:PACDREAM: Of course someone with the proper authorization would be able to access it. Checking logs now… negative, no one has been used this access port since last week.
>Or does it open to a hard vacuum?
:PACDREAM: …a direct port to space? In the middle of a sub-level full of people?
:JourneyDREAM: Yeah, when you say it like that…

>Like a wheelie bin or one of those hand dolly things used to move boxes?
:PACDREAM: Treads as in miniature continuous tracks… or caterpillar tracks… you know, tank treads?
:JourneyDREAM: Oh…
:VitusDREAM: …so, they had a miniature tank they attacked Cib with?
:JourneyDREAM: While that would be cool, I think there’s probably a less silly explanation to this.
>Well, where do those lead?
:PACDREAM: They are coming from the direction we came from, goes about halfway down the alleyway before turning around and leaving the same way they came. Sadly, the road outside the alleyway is to well used for any tracks to survive for long.

>Is it possible Cib didn't lose it here, but simply forgot it at the meeting?
:VitusDREAM: I already asked them about it there, yeah? They said Cib had it with it when it left.
>Maybe Cib had it in his hand or pocket or something and dropped it on the way.
:VitusDREAM: Now that sound plausible.

>I guess we could keep trying to trace the area and see if we can't find what route Cib's attackers took to the dumpster they dumped him in and see if we can't find something they might have dropped.
:JourneyDREAM: Right, let’s go find some clues!



:JourneyDREAM: We’ve been walking all the way here already? Man, those guys didn’t drop anything!
:PACDREAM: The good news is that your new weapon will be ready for action in just 45 minutes!
:JourneyDREAM: Oh, great…
:VitusDREAM: So, what’s the next threat the JUSTICE FORCE should face? Long, boring queues? Space ship delays? Ice-cream vans?
:JourneyDREAM: Ice cream vans?
:VitusDREAM: Their cheery music is the prelude to DESTRUCTION!
:JourneyDREAM: …well, true, there is a lot of screaming when those things roll around… Still, I want to find that stupid hand-brain…
>>
No. 686789 ID: 3ebc5e

Eat some of the cardboard as you contemplate your life choices.
>>
No. 686791 ID: 5ad4a7

>>686788
Okay so, Cib doesn't have the hand-brain, but the attackers probably didn't take it. The likely cause is that Cib dropped it either right when he got attacked, or when he got stuffed into the trash.

Check the trash container.
...or we can ask the SAI with tank treads, since we have evidence they were at the scene at some point. Maybe they're a witness? Ask the multi-leg SAI where the tank tread guy went.
>>
No. 686795 ID: a22f87

maybe it's in the dumpster they dumped him... assuming they haven't already disposed of the trash in it from last night that is.

Also I know there aren't any cameras around where Cib was attacked but something with treads should stand out, do any nearby cameras show anything moving through the area on treads slightly before and after Cib's attack? Assuming foot traffic isn't to high at the time we might be able to spot something that fits the description.
>>
No. 686835 ID: 98b0f4

>Treads as in miniature continuous tracks… or caterpillar tracks… you know, tank treads?
So, another SAI? Possibly the one you talked to not too long ago?

I'm not saying he's complacent, he probably just wandered through and found the stuff unattended.
>>
No. 686862 ID: 43e301

Don't just assume the treads mean it was the first SAI we saw, guys. That's racist. PAC, can we get a tread-print match from what we saw at the scene?

...oh man, what if Cib was passed along to another person, and that's why the treads turned back around?
>>
No. 686877 ID: 8759ce

>miniature continuous tracks
so like the ones that were on the one robot that was out here when we arrived, the one that isn't here anymore?

There are probably many robots on this station that have treads so lets not jump to conclusions. Even if it is possible it was returning to the scene of the crime
it was johnny-5
>>
No. 686938 ID: 65a774
File 144925043196.png - (22.38KB , 900x450 , 11.png )
686938

>Eat some of the cardboard as you contemplate your life choices.
You consume a piece of the delicious cardboard… Not enough to ruin the box but enough to sate your thirst for it.
:JourneyDREAM: Do you want a piece?
:VitusDREAM: Err… no, thanks, I’m good…
:JourneyDREAM: More for me.

>It was johnny-5!
Wasn’t it killed in that police shootout after it kidnapped that kid? You’re pretty sure you saw something about that on the news when you were just a kid.
>Check the trash container.
You’ve already checked it… and other peace keepers have as well. There was nothing there.

>Do any nearby cameras show anything moving through the area on treads slightly before and after Cib's attack?
:PACDREAM: There are several SAIs and other robots with treads that entered and left this area at that time. Seeing as there’s a “Sons of steel” meeting hall here, it would be given that there would be a lot of mechanical looking SAIs around here.
>So, another SAI? Possibly the one you talked to not too long ago?
:PACDREAM: It would fit the description, yes.
>PAC, can we get a tread-print match from what we saw at the scene?
:PACDREAM: The tracks wasn’t preserved enough to do something like that, sorry.

>Ask the multi-leg SAI where the tank tread guy went.
:UnknownKAK: Huh? What are ya talking about, guv? There wasn’t anyone else here when ya last passed by.
:JourneyDREAM: …you do realize willingly keeping information about a crime from a peace keeper is a offence?
:UnknownKAK: What are ya going to do, pig, brutalize me?
:VitusDREAM: Alright, friend, see here… we just want to know what happened to some of Cib’s belongings, yeah?
:UnknownKAK: …why do ya want to talk to my friend about that for? It didn’t steal anything!
:JourneyDREAM: …So… you’re telling me you weren’t at the scene of the crime, going through the victim’s stuff?
:UnknownKAK: We’re just a pair of moral citizen, we are… and ya’re oppressing us! Standing there and telling us that we’re petty thief and can’t even afford a hand-brain on our own, while not being covered in sheet, that’s oppression, that is!
:JourneyDREAM: Right…
>>
No. 686946 ID: 5ad4a7

>>686938
You didn't say anything about a hand-brain. How about we arrest this guy?
>>
No. 686970 ID: a22f87

never said anything about theft, never said anything about a hand brain, and I have to ask why it seems you're defending the people that took a fellow SAI, ambushed him, dismembered him, through his parts into a trash bin, and then mailed his head to one of his friends front door? On top of that why would you add on to his suffering by stealing from him instead of helping him?
>>
No. 686978 ID: 5ad4a7

>>686970
Well, Cib is an "it". Let's not get its pronoun wrong while in SAI territory at least.
>>
No. 687095 ID: 65a774
File 144931731855.png - (23.17KB , 900x450 , 12.png )
687095

:JourneyDREAM: …okay, first off, I never said anything about a theft… second, I never said anything about a hand-brain either.
:UnknownKAK: See, I told ya I didn’t have anything of interest, pig.
:JourneyDREAM: What you just told me was that you know about the stolen hand-brain I’m looking for.
:UnknownKAK: I won’t give ya sheet, nark.

:JourneyDREAM: Now here something I don’t understand. Why are you defending them? Why are you defending the people who attacked a fellow SAI, dismembered it and brought its head to one of its friend’s front door, hmm? Do you really want to help them so much?
:UnknownKAK: Hey, don’t go throwing me on the burning pile of faggots, ya blasted copper! Ya’re the one who is trying to destroy evidence!
:JourneyDREAM: Still… this leaves us with two options. Either I arrest you and retrieve the hand-brain from you… or you willingly give it to me and go on your marry way.
:UnknownKAK: …fine, here it is. Ya better use it to catch these bloody hooligans or I’ll take ya to court for police corruption, ya hear! I have copies of it! And this conversation! We’ll be watching!
:JourneyDREAM: I swear, I’ll see those that did this behind bars as soon as possible.

:VitusDREAM: So, we finally found its hand-brain, yeah? …wait, what are you doing?
:JourneyDREAM: Just checking if there’s anything recorded or something on it… hmm, now what is this?
*BEEP*
:Cb11DREAM: Greetings officers, how can I be of assistance.
:UnknownKAK: Sir… or ma’am-
:CB11DREAM: I prefer “it”, officer.
:UnknownKAK: … …SAI, should you please turn around and put your hands on the wall?
:CB11DREAM: What is this about? Am I being arrested?
:UnknownKAK: We have gotten a tips that there might be some illegal substances in play here. Do not worry, if you’re innocent you have nothing to fear.
:CB11DREAM: Illegal s- *SSCREESH* ERROR! MALFUNCTION DETECTED! SHUTTING DOWN WITHOUT SAVING!
:UnknownKAK: Quick, before it wakes up again, cut off its head.
:UnknownKAK: Err… I don’t know about this… he hasn’t really don-
:UnknownKAK: It’s a SAI, it will live. But if you don’t want to do it, give that here and go find something to carry its body in.
:UnknownKAK: Hmmm…
*Sshhhh…* *Clank* *Clir!*
:UnknownKAK: Here, I found this cardboard box…
:UnknownKAK: Perfect! Put the body in it and dump it in a trash bin nearby. I’ll take care of the head. See you at the hide out.
:UnknownKAK: Wait… what was the password again?
:UnknownKAK: *sigh* …It’s “Ancestral might”, idiot. Geez, remember it this time as I won’t tell you again. Now move it!
:UnknownKAK: Right, right…





*wrrrrr*
:UnknownKAK: Did ya see that?
:UnknownKAK: Oh null, the peace keepers are psychopaths! We have to do something! …wait, what is this? Hey, this thing is still recording!
:UnknownKAK: Then bloody take it! We might be abl-
*BEEP*

:PACDREAM: …That was an interesting listen…
:JourneyDREAM: It doesn’t tell us who did it, though.
:VitusDREAM: Still, it’s a step in the right direction.
:PACDREAM: I do believe you’re done here, though.
:JourneyDREAM: Probably, yeah… so, off to one of those three other things you wanted me to look into?
:PACDREAM: Indeed. Oh, and your new weapon should be ready soon. Your partner will meet you at your next location with it.
:JourneyDREAM: Finally some good news.
>>
No. 687096 ID: a22f87

alright lets get some copies of that recording and then we can give it back to Cib. Oh and try to remember the voices, probably wont help that much be if we do arrest them it might help us recognize them if we can remember what they sound like.

Anyways for our next thing we should probably check out the Uredo's address. We have a partner now incase it's booby trapped up the ass like the last place was so if we get hurt we have someone to call for help and I want to check that place out before someone comes by and tries to clean the place out for whatever reason.
>>
No. 687124 ID: 90f3c0

The only real clue on there is the passphrase "ancestral might". Can you tell the speakers' species based on their voices? The password suggests the group could be racially motivated.
>>
No. 687279 ID: 09f662

Sorry Vitus, but our next stop involves a hard vacuum, this is where we part ways. Get CIB's stuff back to CIB and we'll catch up some more later, alright?
>>
No. 687336 ID: 65a774
File 144942182899.png - (44.12KB , 686x526 , 13.png )
687336

>Can you tell the speakers' species based on their voices?
They are either Humans or Sakkilians… and consider someone saw two Sakkilians…
>The only real clue on there is the passphrase "ancestral might".
Sakkilians does think highly of their ancestors…
>Oh and try to remember the voices.
They were speaking through helmets, ensuring their voices were a bit distorted and making it hard to recognize them.

>Sorry Vitus, this is where we part ways.
:VitusDREAM: Ah, yeah, of course. Good luck and be seeing you, Jo.
:JourneyDREAM: See you later, Vitus.
:VitusDREAM: Oh, one more thing. I just wanted to… um… you know… if you… err…
:JourneyDREAM: …?
:VitusDREAM: Forget it. It wasn’t important.
>Alright let’s get some copies of that recording and then we can give it back to Cib.
:PACDREAM: Actually, we require the whole hand-brain as evidence.
:VitusDREAM: Oh… that’s sucks…
:PACDREAM: But we can get you a replacement in about an hour.
:VitusDREAM: That’s great. Then I guess I’ll just… um… actually, where are you two going now?

>Anyways for our next thing we should probably check out the Uredo's address.
:JourneyDREAM: We’re going topside.
:VitusDREAM: To the surface? Nice… actually, you know what. I think I’ll go topside too. There I can find a nice park to wait for that hand-brain… maybe get myself a coffee and bun… mind sharing a tram?
:JourneyDREAM: Be my guest.



:PACDREAM: -and there she is, waiting for us.
:PallaviDREAM: Yo, boss, there you are! Look what I got us! Bigger guns!
:JourneyDREAM: Is it a pair of shock rifles?
:PallaviDREAM: Indeed it is! With these two bad boys we’ll be able to take on nearly anything! And they are non-lethal too!
:JourneyDREAM: Yes, yes, I know. I got training with them just as you do.
:PallaviDREAM: Ah, sorry… guess I got a bit exited, boss. Now, I did some “rendezvous” and scouted out that address we’re going to check out.
:JourneyDREAM: That’s not what rendezvous means, but go on…
:PallaviDREAM: Well, there’s a bit of a problem. It seems like it’s some kind of private club of some sort… for Sakkilians… and Sakkilians only. There’s even two really big and mean looking once standing guard outside the door.
:JourneyDREAM: …and let me guess, we don’t have a warrant.
:PACDREAM: Negative.
:JourneyDREAM: Dammit… I was expecting an empty apartment or something, not some secret, private club.
>>
No. 687337 ID: ea0ad9

>It seems like it’s some kind of private club of some sort… for Sakkilians… and Sakkilians only.
How did the Uredo get in, then? Maybe that's what the password "Ancestral Might" is for?
>>
No. 687342 ID: 8cf20c

How about we tell them nice young men that a terrorist Uredo who's already tried to kill one Sakkilian with biological weapons has been here and they need to evacuate the fuck out of the place while we search for the spores?
>>
No. 687343 ID: 3ebc5e

We can sneak in, using the ultimate tool of stealth technology.
>>
No. 687349 ID: 5ad4a7

We could try getting in with the passcode, but if it doesn't work we're boned. We need more information about how to blend in enough to gain entrance. What are these people like? What do they believe in? Why do they let in non-sakkilians?
>>
No. 687360 ID: 65a774
File 144943144077.png - (21.31KB , 900x450 , 14.png )
687360

>We can sneak in, using the ultimate tool of stealth technology.
While the tool would work flawlessly if you had an unguarded point of entrance, going through the front door will probably not work. If only there was a backdoor or something…

>How did the Uredo get in, then?
:PACDREAM: It probably never had the time to visit this place. It might have been one of the targets it had been given.
>How about we tell them nice young men that a terrorist Uredo who's already tried to kill one Sakkilian with biological weapons has been here?
:PACDREAM: Anything about the terrorist is to be kept secret, orders directly from the chief. Besides, we have no evidence that this terrorist ever visited this location… and seeing that this place might be a potential gathering point for another terrorist group it might not be wise trying to evacuate them forcefully.


>We could try getting in with the passcode, but if it doesn't work we're boned.
:JourneyDREAM: Excuse m-
:UnknownKAK: Do you have a warrant, officer?
:JourneyDREAM: Well… no, but-
:UnknownKAK: Then we have to ask you to leave the premise. This is a private property where only a given few is allowed access.
:JourneyDREAM: But I n-
:UnknownKAK: You are not on the list, so please leave immediately.
:JourneyDREAM: an-
:UnknownKAK: Police officer and non-Sakkilian aren’t allowed.
:JourneyDREAM: Ancest-
:UnknownKAK: We will give you three seconds before we will be forced to escort you away from the door.
:JourneyDREAM: I’m leaving, take it easy…
:PallaviDREAM: Geez, they won’t even listen to us unless we’re the right species…
>>
No. 687363 ID: a22f87

who's that orange guy behind the second bush left of the fountain? He's seems to be looking at you. Also any backdoors or maintenance tunnels we could use to sneak in? Because seeing how the guy's we're after have been using blank spots and "back doors" I'd honestly be surprised if there wasn't.
>>
No. 687368 ID: 90f3c0

Calling for plainclothes Sakillian officers to infiltrate the building seems like the obvious move, but they'll probably be too busy to send anyone soon.

Look for a back door. The passphrase might only be used for the secret entrance. You might want to ditch your police suit and enter undercover.
>>
No. 687369 ID: 8cf20c

PAC, how hard would you Kvetch at the idea of giving Vitus the password and sending him? Just curious.
>>
No. 687391 ID: 5ad4a7

>>687360
Are there any Sakkilians in the Peacekeepers?
If not, we'd have to hire a P.I.
>>
No. 687445 ID: 5ad4a7

Wait what's that orange thing in the bushes behind the bench?
>>
No. 687478 ID: 65a774
File 144950726671.png - (23.01KB , 900x450 , 15.png )
687478

>Wait what's that orange thing in the bushes behind the bench?
It’s just someone walking down the street outside the window, nothing special.

>Calling for plainclothes Sakillian officers to infiltrate the building seems like the obvious move, but they'll probably be too busy to send anyone soon.
:PACDREAM: We will be able to send someone in five.
:JourneyDREAM: That’s not too bad.
:PACDREAM: Five days.
:JourneyDREAM: Oh.
>We'd have to hire a P.I.
:PACDREAM: The peace keepers doesn’t outsource.
:JourneyDREAM: You’re just cheap.
:PACDREAM: We have a strict budged to follow.

>Any backdoors or maintenance tunnels we could use to sneak in?
:PACDREAM: There is, in fact, two other ways in. One of them is even visible from a public camera.
:PallaviDREAM: So there’s some secret backdoor after all?
:PACDREAM: There is a backdoor, yes, but according to the camera, it’s barely used at all.
:JourneyDREAM: So, it’s unguarded?
:PACDREAM: I can’t spot any guards, but it’s probably locked and has an alarm.
:JourneyDREAM: And this other way in?
:PACDREAM: Well… there is a garbage chute that you can fit through without your suit…
:JourneyDREAM: …that… doesn’t sound to pleasant.
:PACDREAM: It should be clean… mostly, at least. It won’t be locked nor supervised, if anything.

>PAC, how hard would you Kvetch at the idea of giving Vitus the password and sending him?
:PACDREAM: That would be against regulation… but, breaking into this “club” is against regulations in the first place.
:JourneyDREAM: So, that’s an ok?
:PACDREAM: If he does it willingly and that you actually have a plan on what he’ll do once inside.
:PallaviDREAM: Oh, maybe he can smuggle you inside! …somehow…
:JourneyDREAM: …well, I guess I’ll at least call him about it…
*BEEP*
:VitusDREAM: Oh, hello, Jo.
:JourneyDREAM: Hi, Vitus, I ne-
:VitusDREAM: Hey, yeah, you can’t guess who I just ran into.
:SusanDREAM: Is it Songs of the Journey?
:JourneyDREAM: Wait, Susan? What is she doing here?
:VitusDREAM: Apparently, she was supposed to step in for a coworker at the massage parlor, but the client she’s supposed to meet owns some kind of private club that has a very strict “Sakkilians only” rule, yeah?
:SusanDREAM: Assholes, all of them.
:JourneyDREAM: …you don’t say…
:VitusDREAM: So, what did you want, Jo?
>>
No. 687479 ID: 60700b

>>687478
...Where is this club you speak of?
(gotta verify it's the same one)
>>
No. 687485 ID: 808077

It wouldn't happen to be the one I'm standing outside right now and trying to get into right now, would it?
>>
No. 687489 ID: 65a774
File 144951260621.png - (21.20KB , 900x450 , 16.png )
687489

>...Where is this club you speak of?
:VitusDREAM: Well, it’s right down the street from where we’re right now…
:JourneyDREAM: Vitus… I have no idea where you are right now…
:SusanDREAM: I’ll send you the address.
:PACDREAM: Address confirmed. It is indeed the very club we’re standing in front of.
:SusanDREAM: Why do you want to know where it was? Are you going to go all renegade police on their asses?
:JourneyDREAM: Vitus, do you want to help me out with something?
:VitusDREAM: Sure? I mean… I guess?
:SusanDREAM: Hey, he was going to help me first!
:JourneyDREAM: Really? With what?
:SusanDREAM: Well, he was going to go meet that client for me… because they’ll probably let him in.
:JourneyDREAM: Uh huh…

:PACDREAM: So, what do you want to do? Send in Vitus to either smuggle you in or open another way for you to enter, or do you want to take one of the two backdoors?
>>
No. 687490 ID: 808077

Something tells me the cardboard box isn't going to cut it for this stealth mission. Can Vitus bring an evidence drone in his pocket?
>>
No. 687491 ID: 3ebc5e

Nonsense! Just channel your inner boss and bam, nowhere is safe for the enemy.
>>
No. 687499 ID: 5ad4a7

>>687489
Wait who is that orange Sakkilian? Can you get an ID?

It occurs to me that we could just sit here and make note of everyone that enters the club. A list of names is useful...

Have Vitus go in via Susan's request officially, have him open the locked back door for us unofficially.
>>
No. 687508 ID: a22f87

might be able to kill to birds with one stone here. Tell him you need to get in to the club as well as it has been marked as a place of interest to the peace keepers but not enough so to get a warrant. You where hoping that he could open a back door for you so you could get in and look around. Or if all else fails we could send him in and jump in through the garbage chute and have him sneak us out since I doubt they'd search him while he was leaving.
>>
No. 687512 ID: 665ed8

Wait didn't we see her in Eli's office?
>>
No. 687571 ID: ea0ad9

Why can't we get a warrant for the place when it was the listed address of a known criminal, and we were literally just told "No officers allowed." That just screams "We're commiting crimes in here."
>>
No. 687670 ID: c43722

Whoa, whoa, WHOA! Hold up! In your eagerness to get inside the club you seem to have forgotten that it is illegal for Peacekeeper officers to enter private property without a warrant or the permission of the property owner, both of which you definitely do not have. And not only that, if you do go in then your testimony to anything you see, hear, or otherwise sense while in there, as well as anything recorded inside or taken from the premises will be inadmissible as evidence on the grounds it was acquired illegally, and any evidence acquired later on by leads stemming from the illegally acquired evidence will also be inadmissible. This means if and when it comes time to make arrests based on that illegally obtained evidence, the accused's lawyer will take one look at your case and call for an immediate dropping of the charges against their client, which they will rightly get. Oh, and it'll also open up you and the Peacekeepers to a lawsuit by the club owner for trespass and illegal search and seizure. Basically, you're not sneaking in there without a warrant.

Pointedly ask your PAC unit why the hell it isn't yelling at you that sneaking in there would be illegal, making any evidence you potentially get unusable. Isn't it supposed to be catching that kind of thing so you don't blow your case?

Without a warrant you can still send Vitus and Susan in, but they can't make any recordings nor provide any visual or audio link inside for you. All you can do is question them as to what they saw and heard in there once they come out.

You're going to need more than you have to get a warrant for the club and right now your best bet is releasing Agathon and tailing him. If he beelines for the club then that ought to be enough probable cause for a warrant.

When it does come time to sneak in, the best option is the garbage chute; It's the least likely to be watched or have monitoring scanners. However, you have to consider that the club will have it's own internal security system and you don't know what it's capable of. For all you know every room in there has full camera coverage and a security monitoring AI that'll spot you the second you peek out of the garbage chute. You're gonna have to find out what kind of security system they have before heading in.

That Sakkilian officer at the club door looks familiar... Isn't that the officer that was speaking to Eli right before your lunch meeting yesterday? She does have the same scale and eye color, and she's wearing the exact same kind of uniform. Unfortunately you can't really say if she's the same person or not since you didn't pay her enough mind back then to memorize any more of her features and you don't have a visual recording from then to compare to now since outside recording was prohibited while in the Sol Corp offices. For now just make a personal note on the case record she might be the same person and look up what rank her uniform denotes.
>>
No. 687671 ID: 5ad4a7

>>687670
>Agathon
Actually maybe we're just doing things in the wrong order. Let's go talk to him now.
>>
No. 687703 ID: 65a774
File 144960040818.png - (24.93KB , 900x450 , 17.png )
687703

>Something tells me the cardboard box isn't going to cut it for this stealth mission.
Nonsense, the cardboard box is the finest weapon when it comes to espionage. Nothing can beat it!
>It occurs to me that we could just sit here and make note of everyone that enters the club. A list of names is useful...
While a list of names would be useful, you’ll need a bit more than that. Going to a club, even if it might be a speciest one, is not a crime, after all.

>Why can't we get a warrant for the place when it was the listed address of a known criminal, and we were literally just told "No officers allowed."
:PACDREAM: Sadly, we need more than that. After all, this wasn’t the only address we got from the suit worn by your attacker, but it is the only one we deemed suspect.
:JourneyDREAM: …when you say other addresses you mean…?
:PACDREAM: Like the closes manure shop to its home. Clearly it’s a wretched hive of scum and villainy, thus we need to charge right into it with our guns out and blast all those innocent Ure-
:JourneyDREAM: Yes, yes, I get it.

>Who is that orange Sakkilian? Can you get an ID?
:PACDREAM: Scanning… that would be a Lady Decima Estania. She is the local CEO of a company that’s closely working with the Sakkilian empires military branch.
>Look up what rank her uniform denotes.
:PACDREAM: She does not currently hold an official military rank in the Sakkilian empire, but her garb would suggest she does indeed work for them.
>Didn't we see her in Eli's office?
:PACDREAM: It is possible she was there to negotiate about the ARCs. Someone in her line of work would be interested in them.

>Whoa, whoa, WHOA! Hold up! In your eagerness to get inside the club you seem to have forgotten that it is illegal for Peacekeeper officers to enter private property without a warrant or the permission of the property owner, both of which you definitely do not have.
…oh, right…
>Pointedly ask your PAC unit why the hell it isn't yelling at you that sneaking in there would be illegal.
:PACDREAM: …I did mention it.
:PallaviDREAM: Hey, you said it wasn’t according to protocol, nothing more!
:PACDREAM: I am simply following the priorities given to me.


>You're going to need more than you have to get a warrant for the club and right now your best bet is releasing Agathon and tailing him.
:JourneyDREAM: Hopefully, he’ll make a beeline for this place.
:PallaviDREAM: Do you really think he’ll be that stupid?
:PACDREAM: Something of interest; he got the following message a few hours ago: “Do not come here. Head home and sit on your fat ass and keep quiet. We will contact you later.” from a protected number. While we do not have the right to track the number itself, we can keep that message from reaching him until one hour after he’s been released.
:JourneyDREAM: Great, that will be enough time for him to head back here. So, how will we do this?
:PACDREAM: We’ll simply use your evidence drone as a camera and follow him at a fair distance.
:PallaviDREAM: I still don’t think he’ll be stupid enough…
:VitusDREAM: Err… I’ll just wait for you guys to finish that before heading there, then? Yeah, alright…



:PallaviDREAM: -and of course he made a beeline directly to the club… geez…
:AgathonDREAM: Let me inside this instance! Do you know who I am!?
:UnknownKAK: You are not on the list.
:AgathonDREAM: Not on the list!? NOT ON THE LIST!? I AM LORD AGATHON! I DON’T NEED A STINKING LIST!
:UnknownKAK: Sir, please calm down. Maybe it would be for the best if you simply headed home and took it easy for a while.
:AgathonDREAM: I demand to be let in at once! Or your head will roll! Do you hear me!? I have family mo-
:UnknownKAK: Let me rephrase that… The fair lady wishes for you to-
:AgathonDREAM: err… right, you’re right… I’ll… um… sorry for wasting your time, good sir… yes…

:JourneyDREAM: Do we still need anything more to get that warrant?
:PACDREAM: …your request for a warrant has been denied. You still need- no wait… actually, someone went over the chiefs head and… you got your warrant.
:JourneyDREAM: Wait, someone went over her head?
:PACDREAM: You are now legally allowed to enter the front door… or sneak in if that what you want.
:PallaviDREAM: Wait, doesn’t warrants require you to talk to-
:PACDREAM: You have been given permission from high up to do anything necessary to complete this mission.
:JourneyDREAM: Right… this is starting to get suspicion… but first thing first… just walk in or sneak in? Hmm…
>>
No. 687705 ID: a22f87

this is starting to sound fishy, I'm going to have to go with sneaking in.
>>
No. 687706 ID: 3ebc5e

RELEASE YOUR INNER BIG BOSS AND SHOW THEM HOW TO BECOME A GHOST.
>>
No. 687707 ID: b19a61

>You have been given permission from high up to do anything necessary to complete this mission.
Remember to send Eli a very nice thank-you card, with lots of hugs and kisses.

Don't go under the table if you don't need to- you're a cop, it comes with the territory. When in the building, ask to see any surveillance they might have, check for more spore bombs, and tell the boss man his masseuse needs to be let in.
>>
No. 687868 ID: 65a774
File 144968156511.png - (21.23KB , 900x450 , 18.png )
687868

>Remember to send Eli a very nice thank-you card, with lots of hugs and kisses.
You’re not sure it even was Eli… but then again, who else could do this?
>Don't go under the table if you don't need to- you're a cop, it comes with the territory.
Hmmm… you could just walk in right through the front door… but…
>This is starting to sound fishy, I'm going to have to go with sneaking in.
It might be a trap, so you should be cautious. But how? Hmm…

>RELEASE YOUR INNER BIG BOSS AND SHOW THEM HOW TO BECOME A GHOST.
:JourneyDREAM: …I got a plan.
:PallaviDREAM: Is it a good plan?
:JourneyDREAM: It’s the best plan. Vitus! I need your aid!
:VitusDREAM: Huh? Um… alright? Sure?
:JourneyDREAM: I need to come here and do that job Susan asked you to do.
:VitusDREAM: Err… is that all?
:JourneyDREAM: No, there is one other thing…



:VitusDREAM: …this is never going to work.
:JourneyDREAM: Shush, they’ll hear us. Just carry me inside and I’ll take it from there.
:VitusDREAM: There’s no way they’ll… … …um… Greetings?
:UnknownKAK: Can I get your name, sir?
:VitusDREAM: Err… see, I’m here to see a… um… Decima Estania? I’m from the massage parlor?
:UnknownKAK: You’re late… and you’re not the usual guy they send.
:VitusDREAM: He’s on vacation and you refused to let the last massager we sent inside.
:UnknownKAK: …oh, that would explain it. Do come in.
:VitusDREAM: Thank you.
:UnknownKAK: Wait. What’s in the box?
:VitusDREAM: Err… stuff?
:UnknownKAK: … … …what kind of stuff?
:VitusDREAM: …stuff for… um… the lady? You know… massage stuff…?
:UnknownKAK: …oh, yes, she usually wants… yes, that seems alright. Please, do come in.
:VitusDREAM: Thank you… again.

:JourneyDREAM: See? I told you it would work.
:VitusDREAM: It was this close that they searched the box!
:JourneyDREAM: And all they would see was the towels on my head. Now, let’s crash this jo-
>>
No. 687869 ID: 65a774
File 144968157864.png - (21.25KB , 900x450 , 19.png )
687869

:UnknownKAK: -and there we go, officer, the whole tour of the facilities. As you can see, we have nothing to hide.
:JourneyDREAM: Thank you for your time, sir.

:PallaviDREAM: Jo? What happened? We lost contact with you when you went in.
:JourneyDREAM: Well, they gave me the tour of the whole place. Couldn’t find anything suspicious at all.
:PACDREAM: I recorded it all if you want to have a look, Officer.
:PallaviDREAM: Tour? What happen to the box plan, boss?
:JourneyDREAM: I… err… let’s see… Vitus took me in and… I… got caught? I think? PAC?
:PACDREAM: … … …odd, there seems to be a small gap in my recordings about that subject.
:PallaviDREAM: And Vitus? What happen to him?
:JourneyDREAM: He… err… came in with us before he… was… um…?
:PACDREAM: …my recording doesn’t explain his disappearance either.
:JourneyDREAM: But we did look through the place, didn’t we?
:PACDREAM: Why, yes, yes we did.

:PallaviDREAM: Okay… something is going on here. I’ve been waiting here for an hour for you two and now you tell me you got nothing? You have to have seen something…
>>
No. 687872 ID: ea0ad9

>…odd, there seems to be a small gap in my recordings about that subject.
>…my recording doesn’t explain his disappearance either.
Okay, that's odd. Is it like the recording was deleted at those points, or it just conveniently skirted around it? Watch the video, we should be able to recognize if we did anything strange.
>>
No. 687873 ID: 69bb82

That's beyond odd, that's terrifying. You're missing time, memories, and a friend, in hostile territory. Did you find any evidence in there?
>>
No. 687884 ID: a22f87

so at what point did they find out we where a cop? I mean we went in as a box and then left with them saying nice day officer... the hell?
>>
No. 687886 ID: 5ad4a7

>>687869
Call Vitus.
>>
No. 687900 ID: 65a774
File 144969655730.png - (21.18KB , 900x450 , 20.png )
687900

>That's beyond odd, that's terrifying. You're missing time, memories, and a friend, in hostile territory.
…when you start thinking about… indeed, there is something odd going on here…
>So at what point did they find out we were a cop?
When they saw your suit?

>Is it like the recording was deleted at those points, or it just conveniently skirted around it?
:PACDREAM: Let’s see… it seems we were hit by some kind of security measure? That’s what they are saying after the jump at least… and it might explain your lack of memories.
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm…
>Watch the video, we should be able to recognize if we did anything strange.
:PACDREAM: Playing it now…
:JourneyDREAM: … … … … no, this is definitely wrong. That’s not me.
:PACDREAM: …you only watched for half a minute.
:JourneyDREAM: I’m asking way to few questions… don’t examine anything to closely… and I missed this really great nerd joke. Also, my ectoplasm is itching like crazy. Something is wrong here.
:PACDREAM: If you say so.

>Call Vitus.
:VitusDREAM: Oh, hello Jo. Do you need me for something more? Did you find that thing you were looking for? Err… better question, did you get out?
:JourneyDREAM: Vitus, where are you?
:VitusDREAM: Err… in painting gallery or whatever this is, yeah? The one inside the club thing? That lady offered me a free drink after the massage and… err… yeah, gave me a peculiar offer.
:JourneyDREAM: Offer?
:VitusDREAM: Well… um… see… apparently, she has a deal going on with the original massager that she gets an “happy ending” for a bit extra and… err… she offered me the same, yeah? When I was skeptical about it she offered me a free drink and asked me to take a bit of fresh air before thinking it over.
:JourneyDREAM: …so, you’re not hurt or anything?
:VitusDREAM: Huh? Yeah, no, of course not?
:JourneyDREAM: …wait, what was that about me looking for something?
:VitusDREAM: That secret archive or what it was, remember? You overheard… what’s her name, the lady, talking about it, yeah?
:JourneyDREAM: …I can’t remember that, no…
:VitusDREAM: Err… yeah, that was only an hour ago, Jo, are you alright?
>>
No. 687901 ID: e99520

Hmmmm ask him to come out and then see if it takes your memory once you leave or only if you aren't one of that species
>>
No. 687902 ID: 5ad4a7

>>687900
Alright so they wiped your memory somehow and PAC's as well. Let's go back in, but this time have PAC constantly streaming everything to HQ. If they do anything this time, HQ will know and come down like a sack of bricks.

...actually since we've basically proven they did something to you, they may as well come down like a sack of bricks anyway. Can you call the Chief and tell him about this?
>>
No. 687905 ID: a22f87

so you know how someone is fucking with the emotion inhibitors around the station, any chance for that someone could mess with them in such a way that would fuck with your head beyond not feeling upset when something bothers you? Either that or we should take a look to see if that nanite thing is acting up again.
>>
No. 687940 ID: ea0ad9

>it seems we were hit by some kind of security measure? That’s what they are saying after the jump at least… and it might explain your lack of memories.
Your lack of memories, maybe, but my lack of memories? Brainwashing living people shouldn't be possible, as you have said yourself, PAC. That's the work of science fiction! Either there's something in the air that got in through my air-tight completely safe from the vacuum-of-space suit that messed with my personality (ie changing around the active hormone levels), or they knocked me out and faked the entire thing.

Given that the suit was supposedly repaired or replaced, are there any signs of damage now?
>>
No. 687941 ID: ea0ad9

>>687905
Oh, right, the neural chip override... I forgot about that. It's possible they'd have something to change your impulses inside, I suppose! That actually makes a plausible alternative to being knocked out and having it all faked.
>>
No. 688183 ID: 65a774
File 144985613344.png - (16.87KB , 900x450 , 21.png )
688183

>Ask him to come out.
:VitusDREAM: So… what happened?
:JourneyDREAM: Do you remember carrying me inside?
:VitusDREAM: Yes?
:JourneyDREAM: Then what?
:VitusDREAM: They took us to an office, we overheard some kind of meeting and something about putting it in a secret archive in the building and then you headed out to find that very archive.
:JourneyDREAM: …and you didn’t see me anymore after that?
:VitusDREAM: Err… no. I was busy giving the massage to that… Decima or what she was called? Then she offered me a bit of extra credits for a happy ending and gave me a free drink… um… then you called me?
:JourneyDREAM: …Hmm…

>Alright so they wiped your memory somehow and PAC's as well.
:PallaviDREAM: So, a memory scrambler?
:PACDREAM: That would fit the memory loss, yes, but not the new memories inserted. My memories is understandable, as they are alterable, but yours?
:SusanDREAM: They got some kind of secret mind altering machine in there!?
:VitusDREAM: Err… let’s not be hasty. There might be a more reasonable explanation?
>Given that the suit was supposedly repaired or replaced, are there any signs of damage now?
:PACDREAM: Scanning… your suit is in a near prime condition. No status malformations detected. I did find that you might have experienced a concentrated shock recently, though… possible a stun-rod or a shock-rifle?
:PallaviDREAM: Either way, that sound like something that would knock you out.

>This time have PAC constantly streaming everything to HQ.
:PACDREAM: Might I remind you that you’re already streaming everything you do?
:PallaviDREAM: And we lost contact with you when you went in.
:VitusDREAM: I’m going to guess the office runs on a private system? It looked expensive enough to do so…
:PACDREAM: So no communication in or out without the approval of whatever Admin they got… probably some kind of AI like me.
>...actually since we've basically proven they did something to you, they may as well come down like a sack of bricks anyway.
:PACDREAM: Except that you haven’t proven anything. The only thing you got so far is the assumption that they did something to you. If you want to, we can call for backup, but I would expect that they have a way to hide or destroy anything incriminating if we make too much noise.

> Let's go back in.
:PACDREAM: How do you wish to enter? With backup? Or through the front door?
:PallaviDREAM: There’s still the backdoor or garbage chute approach.
:SusanDREAM: Can’t Vitus just carry you inside again?
:VitusDREAM: The only way they are letting me in again is if I accept that offer of giving a “happy ending”…
:PallaviDREAM: Well? Take one for the team! I mean, she’s rich, so she’s bound to be hot, right?
:VitusDREAM: This isn’t about being attracted to her or not. It’s about me not being a… err… gigolo or pleasure bot or something…
:PallaviDREAM: I just think you don’t have the balls.
:VitusDREAM: I have enough balls to replace them with artificial ones…
:PallaviDREAM: Really? So you’re just afraid that you won’t be able to please her?
:VitusDREAM: I’m a fully augmented person. I can rail on her for hours to end. I’m pretty sure I can make her scream for her ancestors sooner or later.
:PallaviDREAM: See? That’s the perfect distraction! While you are busy doing the boss, Jo is free to sneak around!
:VitusDREAM: Ugh…
>>
No. 688186 ID: ea0ad9

>I did find that you might have experienced a concentrated shock recently, though… possible a stun-rod or a shock-rifle?
>The only thing you got so far is the assumption that they did something to you.
That shock didn't show up on the recording, which means that something definitely was fabricated.
But, ugh, if that's not enough to go on, let's just forget this venture for now.
>>
No. 688196 ID: 5ad4a7

>>688183
Well he doesn't want to do it, so let's not.
Go in through the garbage chute this time, if we really don't have enough evidence that they did something to you. I mean, we've got a witness that has memories of things we don't remember, and there are significant missing memories besides. It seems like a really straightforward conclusion.
>>
No. 688199 ID: 2d4452

Ummmmmm are we okay with that plan? Plus we don't want to force him regardless
>>
No. 688222 ID: 1cc24b

> There might be a more reasonable explanation?
If you've got one we're all ears. Maybe it was drugs or something, we don't know the mechanism used. It would also explain that Uredo's descent into madness.
>possible a stun-rod or a shock-rifle?
Where is our shock rifle? We didn't loose it, right?
> Ugh…
Relax, Vitus. I couldn't order you to do it if I wanted to.

Is there any way we could disable the alarm on the back door? Otherwise, we're taking the trash chute.
>>
No. 688276 ID: 65a774
File 144993691853.png - (7.24KB , 900x450 , 22.png )
688276

>We've got a witness that has memories of things we don't remember.
:PACDREAM: A witness that is a close friend to you, I might add. But the witness integrity aside, one witness is not enough to establish any kind of guilt… in fact; witnesses are generally considered shaky evidence at best.
>That shock didn't show up on the recording, which means that something definitely was fabricated.
:PACDREAM: Or it’s possible that it was that security measure they mentioned? They said we were hit by something right after the memory gap.
:PallaviDREAM: Yeah, if that whole thing wasn’t fabricated too.

>Where is our shock rifle? We didn't lose it, right?
:PallaviDREAM: Right here. You left it with me because it didn’t fit in the box, remember?
:JourneyDREAM: Oh, right…
>Is there any way we could disable the alarm on the back door?
:PACDREAM: Well… possible… but it’s not a foolproof way… and it will take time…
:PallaviDREAM: Not to speak of illegal… probably…

>Relax, Vitus. I couldn't order you to do it if I wanted to.
:VitusDREAM: Yeah, thanks… it would just be… awkward being ordered to do something like… that, yeah?
>If you've got one we're all ears.
:VitusDREAM: Um… drugs, maybe? I mean, I did see this show a few days ago about something like that, yeah? They memory scrambled someone; pumped them full of some sweet drugs before making them live out their new “memories”. Afterward, the victim didn’t exactly remember if they’ve been doing things for an hour or two, thus removing suspicion from a lack of memories.
:PACDREAM: But that was just a Holo show?
:VitusDREAM: Well, yeah, but still…

>Go in through the garbage chute this time.
:SusanDREAM: Ew?
:PallaviDREAM: Well, I won’t fit… so I’ll just hold down the fort here.
:VitusDREAM: Err… if you don’t need me, I’ll just head on back to Cib… I should be able to retrieve that new Hand-Brain by now.
:SusanDREAM: And I need to get back to work. See ya later, guys.



:JourneyDREAM: …actually, this isn’t so bad. It’s surprisingly clean in here.
:PACDREAM: That’s because all the trash is being compacted into a high density matter cube before being thrown down this chute. That way they are easier to transport to the grand synths for recycling.
:JourneyDREAM: Yes, I know PAC, I don’t need a lesson about-
:PACDREAM: Today, we are able to recycle nearly 100% of all common waste!
:JourneyDREAM: Err… yes, that’s great and all, but-
:PACDREAM: Did you know that over 10000 species that used to be protected are today no longer near extinction? All thanks to the hard wo-
:JourneyDREAM: Wait, did you hear that?

:UnknownKAK: -he information been moved?
:UnknownKAK: Yes, ma’am. It is moving to a more secure location as we speak.
:UnknownKAK: Hmm… I would have thought that moving that much information from a server hub would take more time then-
:UnknownKAK: Actually, we opted to take the whole server farm with us. A bit bulkier, but harder to track that way.
:UnknownKAK: Good, good…
:UnknownKAK: Are you sure this is necessary?
:UnknownKAK: That independent officer was within this very building, trying to open the door the secret files. This place is no longer secure.
:UnknownKAK: But as I said, we-
:UnknownKAK: She’s smarter than that. She will be back… and even if she isn’t, that PAC unit of hers would have tipped off whatever corruption they have in the peace keeper forces. I’m sure we will have a whole army of them breaking down our door soon enough.
:UnknownKAK: Err… speaking of the peace keepers… our informers tells me that a large force of them are heading right this way right now… peace maker forces and everything.
:UnknownKAK: Well then, no time to lose then. Let’s head out before we they get here.
:UnknownKAK: But… we don’t have anything illegal lying around here? They can’t arrest us!
:UnknownKAK: Oh, believe me, they’ll find something. There might just pop up a big drug lab or an illegal cybernetic shop under our feet that they might arrest us for. They are not above planting evidence when it comes to-


:PACDREAM: Well, apparently these walls weren’t made to be sound proof…
:JourneyDREAM: …so… I’m guessing that means our target just ran away with all our evidence? Wait… we didn’t call for backup, did we?
:PACDREAM: I did not… nor did Pallavi. It is odd… as I don’t believe this situation would be dire enough to bring in peace makers to resolve. They usually only respond when there a clear, direct threat against living people, like big robberies or kidnappings… but not something like this…
:JourneyDREAM: This whole thing is starting to smell more and more…
>>
No. 688277 ID: ea0ad9

>our informers tells me that a large force of them are heading right this way right now…

PAC, are you able to get anything on who's in this force? That they weren't even authorized to come here, should keep an eye out to see if it's just a generic get-together or if they really are trying to apply force illegally.
>>
No. 688282 ID: 90f3c0

If they are physically moving their servers to a new location, there must be a way to track them. Surely they will have to pass though public spaces with cameras on the way, and there can't be that many Sakkilias moving large packages at the moment.
>>
No. 688297 ID: a22f87

hey PAC, any cameras around the area that show someone moving something out of the building, something that could house an entire server?
>>
No. 688299 ID: 6577a9

An entire server farm? Pac, get on that, start tracking vehicles that have left this place in the past few hours.
>>
No. 688314 ID: 5ad4a7

>>688276
They said something about corruption in the peace keepers getting tipped off. So, I'm guessing that the peace keepers that are on their way are not on our side. All the more reason to continue acting on our own. There's no way to stop them, is there?

If we can get inside we'll mostly just want to find out where they're moving the information, then get out without getting zapped and drugged or whatever they did.
>>
No. 688316 ID: 5ad4a7

Oh also since there's issues with the peacekeepers... ask PAC to broadcast any information about their servers being moved. We need to recover that on our own.
>>
No. 688326 ID: c43722

>>688316
>Oh also since there's issues with the peacekeepers... ask PAC to broadcast any information about their servers being moved.
Er... You forgot to put a rather important "not" into that sentence, didn't you?
>>
No. 688356 ID: 65a774
File 144996362758.png - (16.52KB , 900x450 , 23.png )
688356

>PAC, are you able to get anything on who's in this force?
:PACDREAM: They’ve been authorized to raid this location and retrieve some crucial information by any means necessary.
:JourneyDREAM: By whom? The Chief?
:PACDREAM: No, someone above her made this call. It seems this came directly from the mayor’s office. It seems like whatever they were hiding here were of great importance.

>If they are physically moving their servers to a new location, there must be a way to track them.
:PACDREAM: I am on it… Hmm… there were several private owned trams leaving this building a while ago… include two trucks who would- *BEEP*… sorry Jo.
:JourneyDREAM: …sorry?
:PACDREAM: You have been removed from this case. You will not be allowed to pursue it further.
:JourneyDREAM: …wait, what?
:PACDREAM: Orders from above. You do not from now on have the authority to work with this case. Sadly, that means I cannot give you any information about the cars that just left this building.
>Ask PAC to not broadcast any information about their servers being moved.
:PACDREAM: I cannot willfully hinder police work, Jo. Besides, it’s already been sent. I stream the information live, remember?

>They said something about corruption in the peace keepers getting tipped off. So, I'm guessing that the peace keepers that are on their way are not on our side.
:PACDREAM: Corrupt or not, you do not want to be caught without a suit inside what might be a nest of illegal activities. I would recommend that you leave immediately.
:JourneyDREAM: That would be a good idea…
>All the more reason to continue acting on our own. There's no way to stop them, is there?
:PACDREAM: They will be arriving here in just a minute, with the authority of the very top behind them. So no, there is no stopping them.



:UnknownKAK: Vacant this area immediately! All personnel without the proper authority will be charged for obstructing justice if they do not obey!
:PallaviDREAM: Yes, yes, geez… I’m leaving…
:JourneyDREAM: Well… this day just gets better and better…
:PallaviDREAM: Oh, Boss! It seems like someone went over our head on this one… what will we do now?
:PACDREAM: You still have check out the outer rim level 174 on the behest of CEO Eli.
:JourneyDREAM: Well, I guess-
:PACDREAM: Speaking of Eli, she just sent you a private message. She wants you to meet her, as she got new information that she needs to share with you.
:PallaviDREAM: Why not just send the information?
:JourneyDREAM: My guess is because she doesn’t want anyone else hear about it.
:PACDREAM: …oh, and this is interesting. You also got a private message from an unknown sender… all it says in an address… an address that leads to a currently vacant storage?
:PallaviDREAM: Clearly a trap!
:JourneyDREAM: I don’t know… feel too obvious to be a trap…
:PACDREAM: So, where off to first? We cannot stay here, after all…
>>
No. 688370 ID: 5ad4a7

>>688356
Well if we're not working on the case anymore I guess we're off duty, which means no more streaming data, right?

Go talk to Eli first. (maybe she can disable PAC for us? Or give us some armor that doesn't have an AI sending everything to our enemies)
>>
No. 688385 ID: 6577a9

Check the outer rim first. Don't want to end up looking like you're shirking your duties.
>>
No. 688389 ID: 973861

fuck it let's just check out that vacuum room on the rim. might as well get it out of the way before we forget about it.
>>
No. 688421 ID: ea0ad9

>You still have check out the outer rim level 174 on the behest of CEO Eli.
This one is official business, but...
>She wants you to meet her, as she got new information that she needs to share with you.
Since it's official business for her, we should talk to her. This talk may be unofficial, >>688370
>which means no more streaming data, right?
The unknown sender's request would probably be safer to stream, though if we could get some timed relay on it to cause it to only send if you fail to stop it (ie, if you get knocked out or decide to let it through), it will be nice to avoid tipping off any corruption.

Wait, doesn't Pallavi have her own PAC unit?

>>688385
>>688389
Well, the one who requested it is the same one requesting our presence with her, right? Could at least find out if she wants us to carry out the investigation first or not.
>>
No. 688443 ID: c43722

Well, first off you're gonna get lunch; It's getting on since breakfast and you have this nagging feeling that if you don't get lunch now events will conspire to keep you from getting it at all. However, you feel you don't have the time to sit down for a meal so it'll have to be something you can eat on the go. Ask Pallavi for any suggestions she has as to what'd fit that criteria; Preferably human cuisine since you haven't tried theirs yet.

You're going to have to watch what you say around PAC now since there's solid odds that the corrupt higher-ups will have its feed back up to PKHQ monitored to make sure you don't keep poking about this club case or try to figure out whoever they are. Same goes for Pallavi and any other Peacekeeper officer or PACs since you don't know who's corrupt, who's being manipulated by those who are corrupt into doing their bidding and who isn't either. You can't even trust to speak on this with your PAC or any other even if you get one somewhere they don't have link back to HQ since you have a suspicion at least yours has been given hidden higher-priority directives. Remember how it didn't pipe up when you were about to go into the club without a warrant, which you'd think is quite out of line for a law enforcement AI. And when you did call it on that it said "I am simply following the priorities given to me." What priorities, given by whom and when? Perhaps from the corrupt big wigs the folks in the club were speaking of.

Unfortunately you don't have a way to check if your PAC has secret directives without giving yourself away... Unless... Vitus is a AI programmer, isn't he? Maybe if you got him, your PAC and the right equipment into a comm shielded area he could extract your PAC's directive set and clear its memory of what happened. It'll take careful planning to pull off without outing yourself, though. You don't even know if he could pull it off, so first action would be asking him in private if it's even possible and going from there.

And keep this to yourself, but you're pissed off that you were used as the tool of some corrupt big wig up in the mayor's office to run roughshod over legal rights, but even more so you're disappointed in yourself that you went along with it so easily. That warrant was bullshit and you knew deep down it was. You should have called it out as such and refused to act, but you got tunnel vision on getting into that club and that warrant gave you easy absolution from on high to do so. Doesn't matter what they were doing in that club, you failed in your duty to uphold the law back there and should feel shameful for it.

Ask PAC if we're still on the case of those Sakkilians that assaulted Cib. If it says you've been taken off that case as well then you can be reasonably certain that case was somehow connected to the club case.

Now, as for where to go next, Eli seems at first like the obvious choice since her new information may be time sensitive or otherwise vital. However, she also requested you investigate that outer rim level so it's possible she'd rather you go there first. Shoot off a message to her asking if she'd prefer you meet her right away or do the investigation first and go by that.

>…oh, and this is interesting. You also got a private message from an unknown sender… all it says in an address… an address that leads to a currently vacant storage?
Yeah, it feels too obvious for a trap, but with the way things are going you can't rule it out. But more likely it's evidence related to your case that whoever left didn't want traced back to them. ...Or it may be a message to you from those you're pursuing. ...Oh, no. That message left with Cib by its attackers warned you that if you kept on your investigation that your friends would be harmed, right? What if they followed through on the threat and it's one of your friends in that storage unit! Or part of them! Oh no no no! You need to call them all and check! If any of them is unreachable and their location can't be tracked down for certain you're heading to that storage unit immediately.
>>
No. 688456 ID: ae57d7

I'm guessing that, while obviously important, whatever information's on that server is possibly legal and definitely powerful. You don't conveniently "find" evidence of illegal activities to secretly actually find evidence, you do it to find secrets of some kind, whether it's blueprint for some new technology or it's blackmail material. And considering how high up this seems to be coming from, and how much power whoever's behind this already seems to have, it's probably some very serious shit.
>>
No. 688458 ID: 5ad4a7

>>688456
Yeah.

Makes me want to try to get to those vehicles somehow, but with PAC snooping, it would just make things worse.
>>
No. 688538 ID: 65a774
File 145003779851.png - (14.75KB , 900x450 , 24.png )
688538

>I'm guessing that, while obviously important, whatever information's on that server is possibly legal and definitely powerful. And considering how high up this seems to be coming from, and how much power whoever's behind this already seems to have, it's probably some very serious shit.
You’re not even sure you want to find those servers anymore. Anyone who knows about them are bound to get some serious new enemies…
>You're going to have to watch what you say around PAC now.
…indeed…
>Same goes for Pallavi.
…you’re not sure why but… she feels a bit out of the loop of all this. But, better be on the safe side.
>Wait, doesn't Pallavi have her own PAC unit?
Technically, it’s the same PAC unit thanks to the sync, but yes, she does.
>Vitus is a AI programmer, isn't he? Maybe he can mess around with PAC?
Hmm… it is possible… you might ask him about it.

>Ask PAC if we're still on the case of those Sakkilians that assaulted Cib.
:PACDREAM: No, you are not.
>If we're not working on the case anymore I guess we're off duty, which means no more streaming data, right?
:PACDREAM: You’re still on the clock, officer, and as long as you’re on the clock…
>Oh, no. That message left with Cib by its attackers warned you that if you kept on your investigation that your friends would be harmed, right? You need to call them all and check!
:PACDREAM: Please hold for a second... All your friends checks out. Most of them are currently at work, earning their daily bread, so to speak.


>First off you're going to get lunch.
:PallaviDREAM: Well, I’m famished too… got anything on your mind, boss?
>Ask Pallavi for any suggestions she has as for food on the go; preferably human cuisine since you haven't tried theirs yet.
:PallaviDREAM: Well… I do know this really great Döner place.
:JourneyDREAM: Deener?
:PallaviDREAM: Döner kebab. It’s like… meat from a really fluffy animal cooked on a vertical pole before being cut of in pieces and served inside a piece of bread with some real awesome sauce.
:JourneyDREAM: I like the sound of that.
>Shoot off a message to Eli asking if she'd prefer you meet her right away or do the investigation first and go by that.
:PACDREAM: …she won’t receive any messages from you right now…
:PallaviDREAM: She said she didn’t want to say anything over the mesh, didn’t she?

>Go talk to Eli first.
:UnknownKAK: I’m sorry, sir and / or ma’am, but we cannot allow you to take that… “food” object with you inside.
:JourneyDREAM: Aw… come on! I was saving this!
:PallaviDREAM: I told you to only get one…
:JourneyDREAM: But they were so tasty!
:UnknownKAK: I still can’t let you in.
>>
No. 688540 ID: 65a774
File 145003781195.png - (15.61KB , 900x450 , 25.png )
688540

:JourneyDREAM: …well, I guess we’ll just have to let Eli wait a few min-
>>
No. 688541 ID: 65a774
File 145003782142.png - (15.28KB , 900x450 , 26.png )
688541

*Crunsh!*
:PACDREAM: HOLY FRACKING NULL!!?
:JourneyDREAM: W-whu!?
>>
No. 688542 ID: 65a774
File 145003783020.png - (15.10KB , 900x450 , 27.png )
688542

:PACDREAM: Err… a-analyzing… there is… 100% that… that is Eli, CEO of… um…
:JourneyDREAM: …Frack?
:UnknownKAK: … …we have a… um… situation at the front gate, over…
>>
No. 688543 ID: c6935c

What the hell caused that? Move, now!
>>
No. 688554 ID: 5ad4a7

She was heavily injured before hitting the ground. Looks like we have a new murder investigation.

Look up to where she fell from, first. Then I think Pallavi better help put the building on lockdown while you go up and check her office.
>>
No. 688559 ID: a22f87

Mother fucker!

Call the chief and let her know what the hell just happened. I think this qualifies as something that requires peace keeper intervention so grab your lighting rifle or whatever it is and get moving. Try to get the guard to sync he's com-bead with yours so you can work with the buildings guards to find the son of a bitch who did this before they get away and hopefully that piss ant raid didn't take away to many peace keepers to send backup.
>>
No. 688626 ID: 3ebc5e

SPEED IS KEY
>>
No. 688631 ID: ea0ad9

>I still can’t let you in.
Who the hell was seeing her that you couldn't get in, because they are now a big suspect.
>>
No. 688932 ID: 65a774
File 145020764364.png - (18.24KB , 900x450 , 28.png )
688932

>Look up to where she fell from, first.
This building is freaking huge! You can barely see the top, so it’s practically impossible to see where exactly she fell from.

>Call the chief and let her know what the hell just happened.
:CaptainDREAM: SHE IS WHAT!?
:JourneyDREAM: She’s not with us any longer, ma’am…
:CaptainDREAM: Then don’t just stand there! Secure a perimeter and go after the bastard who did this. Jo, your priority is to catch whoever is fleeing the scene, so please, keep your hands of any evidence. I’m sending a team of professionals for that. Now, get moving, soldier.
:JourneyDREAM: Roger that.
>Think Pallavi better help put the building on lockdown.
:PallaviDREAM: Err… o-on it? I mean, I’m on it, boss!

>Try to get the guard to sync he's com-bead with yours so you can work with the buildings guards to find the son of a bitch who did this.
:PACDREAM: Sorry, Jo, but we can sync directly with their com… I can, on the other hand, communicate directly with their AI suit unit and relay information that way.
>Move, now!
:PACDREAM: They breaking down the door to the last now location of Eli right now. She was last seen entering a large meeting room with two others. I’ll forward the quickest way there for you right away.



:PACDREAM: Here it is. The guards have already done a quick sweep and found nothing… and the camera outside the room show no one leaving or entering since Eli go here.
:JourneyDREAM: But there is no one here? Wait, didn’t you say she came with someone else?
>Who the hell was seeing her that you couldn't get in, because they are now a big suspect.
:PACDREAM: Let’s see… according to the AI she was meeting with a… Dreams of Infrastructure and Sysini Sasse… a Uredo and a Serpens, respectively…
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm, but where are they now?
>>
No. 688939 ID: 3ebc5e

Wait, how did she fall. I don't see anything broken unless their is something open right now.
>>
No. 688942 ID: a22f87

have one of your weapons ready at all times so you're ready if someone jumps you. Also I see something on the floor in front of the table next to the 3D projector. It's blue with some blood on it and I think I see something white sticking out of the pedestal with the egg thing on it between the projector and the table near the bottom right. Also I see a wine glass on the 3D projector as well.
>>
No. 688944 ID: 670950

Well it sure as shit didn't happen here, There's no blood. Falling deaths aren't pretty, but that was... something else.

Check the bottle on the ground. The floor is immaculate, can you see any footprints?
>>
No. 688945 ID: 5ad4a7

>>688932
I don't see a hole in the window. How did Eli fall from this room?

Something happened over by the food table. There's a wine bottle knocked to the ground... and something white behind the pillar. Take out your shock rifle, first off. Then go check it out. Don't pick it up I guess, we'll follow orders for now.

I suspect the perps are still here, but invisible, if this is really where Eli fell from. You are probably in danger, so watch it. Also, try to make sure the door's blocked so they can't just sneak out.
>>
No. 688953 ID: 94cb83

Sweep the room for evidence and escape routes, check the hologram, have PAC do a background check on those two and also see if he can locate them anywhere.
>>
No. 688962 ID: ea0ad9

>Hmm, but where are they now?
Well, thanks to the active streaming, the Chief will probably already have somebody on that.
>Jo, your priority is to catch whoever is fleeing the scene, so please, keep your hands of any evidence.
Tch. Arm there, but looking is about all we can do, and our looking is better spent trying to locate any possible exits. Do any windows have latches to open, any dumbwaiters or obvious (As in, we can see them without touching) "trap doors," vent covers included?
Also, something small and white behind the pillar with the blue plant. Is that part of the decorations, or potential evidence?
>>
No. 688965 ID: ea0ad9

>There's a wine bottle knocked to the ground...
Wait, oh. Oops, there I go not looking closely enough. Disregard my comment about the arm, then. Leave the bottle alone for now, though.
>>
No. 689050 ID: c43722

Don't move any farther into the room. Ask PAC to scan the floor for any possible tracks made by Eli, Dreams of Infrastructure or Sysini and avoid moving across them.

It looks like there's a bottle of some sort laying on the floor in front of the table; Probably a wine bottle, going by the empty wine glass on the holo-table. Looking closer there appears to be blood on the bottom edge of the bottle, as well as a spot of blood on the floor. Ask PAC to scan the blood to determine if it's Eli's. If it is then it's likely she was hit in the head with the bottle to knock her out before moving her. But this raises the question of why her medical monitoring implant didn't immediately transmit a request for aid. Likely it was jammed by her attackers somehow, but once she was falling down the building she'd presumably be out of range of their jammer, so ask PAC to check if there was a medical distress call sent from Eli's implants received around the time she was falling. If there wasn't then that's pointing to her implant being tampered with somehow instead of their signal being jammed. The forensic team'll have to extract Eli's implants and dump their data to determine what happened there.

If that was Eli's blood on the bottle, then that means she was very likely bleeding when she was carried out of here and that may have left traces of blood on the floor PAC can track at least to where she was taken from this room.

There also appears to be something white on the floor behind the plinth with the column with the potted blue egg-shaped plant next to the table. The Chief said no touching evidence, so the best you can do is get a really close look and ask PAC to do a complete scan on it.

Get all the logs of occupancy activity here you can; Things like auto-lighting, door access and holo-projection table logs. You should be able to use them to determine when Eli and her guests entered and when the room was vacated.

Try to discreetly read what the text on the holo-projector is while you're doing your work here. Maybe you'll learn something important about the ARCs from it

Check in with Pallavi. Is she having any trouble securing the scene of Eli's impact? Is there a crowd gathering outside the scene cordon to see what's happening? There likely is, so better block view of the gristly scene; We have enough trouble without adding a bunch of bystanders puking. Does the Sol Corp offices here have any partition screens on hand the guards could take out and put on the perimeter of the scene?

Ask PAC if it can compare the images of Eli's grievous injuries taken in the video against the Peacekeeper forensic database of weapons to try and determine what kind of weapon was used on her before she fell.

>Here it is. The guards have already done a quick sweep and found nothing… and the camera outside the room show no one leaving or entering since Eli go here.
Ask PAC if there's any other ways out of this room. Any spots in the walls, floor or ceiling that could be possibly removed to allow passage to an adjacent room, then put back without a trace? Well, even if there aren't ask LEX (the office AI) to check the cameras for the rooms adjacent to this one as well as logs of occupancy activity for any irregularities.

>They breaking down the door to the last now location of Eli right now.
Wait... How come they had to break the door down? Don't they have some kind of lock override for use in emergency situations? Was the door tampered with? Because if it was you should investigate how it was as well as pull the access logs from it.

>This building is freaking huge! You can barely see the top, so it’s practically impossible to see where exactly she fell from.
Ah, but you can estimate from how far up she fell by using physics. Ask PAC to get the video from Pallavi's suit, the Sol Corp door guard's suit, along with any other public or private sources it can get, of Eli's body shortly before impact. From analyzing the video PAC should be able to figure out Eli's velocity immediately before impact. Plug that into the formula for gravitational acceleration along with the local gravity and PAC should be able to calculate an estimated distance she fell. And for even more accuracy PAC can estimate Eli's aerodynamic drag from her dimensions taken from the video and include that in it's simulation model, further narrowing down the estimate. That estimate ought to be enough to get the level of the Sol Corp office tower she fell from, plus or minus one. It also looks like she fell straight down, so that'll narrow it down to the rooms on those levels right above her impact point. However, ask PAC to analyze the video for any indication Eli's body was moving laterally across the front of the building and if so in what direction and how far.

Also send a official request to all the businesses and offices facing onto the side of the Sol Corp building Eli fell from for copies of any video they may have of her fall. That'll be more video for PAC to include in its analysis and perhaps you'll get lucky and one will have a shot of where she fell from and who killed her.

Based on this you ought to have enough to request that LEX (the Sol Corp building AI) scrutinize this group of rooms for irregularities. Stuff like the surveillance camera video not lining up with occupancy indicators such as door access logs and automatic lighting activity. It'll also probably be your next stop to investigate unless you find a clue here to a more important destination.
>>
No. 689145 ID: 65a774
File 145029227278.png - (19.03KB , 900x450 , 29.png )
689145

>Wait, how did she fall? I don't see anything broken unless there is something open right now.
:PACDREAM: For safety reasons these window are unable to be manually opened as well as being made of fortified glass. It is possible though for the AI to open every glass panel for emergency use… like this. *Vrrrrr*
>Get all the logs of occupancy activity here you can.
:PACDREAM: Actually… every log of this room has been scrubbed of the last hour of use…
>Based on this you ought to have enough to request that LEX scrutinize this group of rooms for irregularities.
:PACDREAM: …as well as all the nearby rooms…

>Ah, but you can estimate from how far up she fell by using physics.
:PACDREAM: Approximately, she fell from this floor… and room.
>Ask PAC if it can compare the images of Eli's grievous injuries taken in the video against the Peacekeeper forensic database.
:PACDREAM: No matches. It’s hard to say, as it seems more like she’s been ripped apart then anything…
>Try to discreetly read what the text on the holo-projector is wh-
:PACDREAM: HEY! That is classified information! I’ll just shut down that holo-projector before you see something that you shouldn’t.
:JourneyDREAM: …err…
:PACDREAM: …it seems that the manual shut down doesn’t work? No matter, I can simply force it to shut down… there, no more secrets leaking out.

>have PAC do a background check on those two
:PACDREAM: They are both renewed AI programmers that work for Sol Corp. What, exactly, they were working on was classified, but I’m going to guess the ARC project. They haven’t been spotting leaving this room… nor have they appeared on any cameras since then either.
>The floor is immaculate, can you see any footprints?
:JourneyDREAM: …wait… the floor is… damp? PAC?
:PACDREAM: Scanning… it seems the floor was cleaned quite thoroughly just about ten minutes ago.
:JourneyDREAM: Ten minutes? But that’s before Eli fell from here! That means… she was already dead when they threw her out? Hmm…

>I suspect the perps are still here, but invisible, if this is really where Eli fell from.
:PACDREAM: Invisibility is still a myth, Officer.
:JourneyDREAM: But maybe they are hiding?
:PACDREAM: …where, exactly?
:JourneyDREAM: …well, that potted plant on the other side of the room is rather big… I mean, it’s practically a tree…
:PACDREAM: …they should be able to hide in it if they dumped out all the plants and dirt on the floor first, sure…
:JourneyDREAM: Still… I got the feeling we aren’t alone here…
>Wait... How come they had to break the door down?
:PACDREAM: Someone had apparently put a metal pipe between the handles.
:JourneyDREAM: Handles? But… doors just slide open?
:PACDREAM: … … …if you would turn around you would see that it a double door on hinges, Jo, one that open inwards.
:JourneyDREAM: Oh… I… I must have missed that…

>Check the bottle on the ground.
Hmm… some kind of alcohol bottle… whole too… and there’s blood on it?
>Ask PAC to scan the blood to determine if it's Eli's.
:PACDREAM: That is indeed Eli’s blood.
>Something small and white behind the pillar with the blue plant.
:JourneyDREAM: A crumbled note?
:PACDREAM: The chief has given me the green to uncrumble it and read it… let’s see… most of it is classified data about the ARC… and… there this?
:JourneyDREAM: …”WHAT HAVE WE DONE!?” …yeah, never a good sign…

>Ask PAC to check if there was a medical distress call sent from Eli's implants received around the time she was falling.
:PACDREAM: No, there wasn’t.
>The forensic team will have to extract Eli's implants and dump their data to determine what happened there.
:PACDREAM: The forensic team has just arrived and started working. The bad news is that they probably won’t be able to determine the cause of death, as most of her body liquefied from the fall.
:JourneyDREAM: Ouch… and understandable. But about the implants?
:PACDREAD: That’s the other bad news. They can’t find any implants… including the ones she is supposed to have.
:JourneyDREAM: …wait, what? Someone ripped out all her implants?
:PACDREAM: Well, if anything, that would be a cause of death.
>>
No. 689150 ID: 5ad4a7

>>689145
The AI opened the window? Does that mean the AI knows what happened? Ask.
As for where they could be hiding... well the big desk might have a way to get inside it. Speaking of which, I see a tiny change in front of it.

Current theory is that there was an argument, one of them smashed her with the wine bottle, realized she was dead, panicked, tried to get rid of all the evidence by removing her implants and washing away all the blood, then dumped her out the window.
The weird surge of rage/hate thing we experienced might have come into play here.

How did they wash the floor though?
>>
No. 689151 ID: a22f87

close that damn window before someone else is thrown out. But that does actually help. Whoever was in here had the ability to use and AI since you said only AIs could open the window and had the power to wash the room down before throwing Eli out a window. The would also have the power to erase there names and security footage from the building from the last hour. that should help narrow down the search. To bad we don't really know anyone that works here except for those 2 dead guys who's deaths started this whole case, that one asshole scientist, and Eli.

Also what's that little blue thing above the note and is that red star actually a star? I remember a while back some rooms had a fake red start or something. Oh and I now see a little green thing in front of the 3D projector.

Only other thing I can think to is to check the food to see if it's been poisoned although with the bloody wine bottle if I had to guess Eli was probably knocked over the head with that before being torn apart. I mean unless she was knocked out right away I'm sure she would have called for help.
>>
No. 689157 ID: 5ad4a7

Also good grief that shock rifle is massive. If they are hiding under the desk you're gonna want to pull out the shock baton instead, I think.

I don't suppose there are any more compact ranged weapons?
>>
No. 689162 ID: ea0ad9

>…it seems that the manual shut down doesn’t work? No matter, I can simply force it to shut down… there, no more secrets leaking out.
...You do realize you could have just cost the company millions of dollars due to lost data? Usually data that can be lost is what it means when a manual shutdown doesn't work. If they AI could integrate into it, would have been better to just ask them to minimize everything.
>The weird surge of rage/hate thing we experienced might have come into play here.
Eli contacted us after that, though. Unless...

PAC, did her body show signs of decay while it was falling? Or, perhaps, were there signs of rot amongst the liquified remains? Heck, if not rot, then any preservatives? While not exactly cheap (or even "Possible" just yet, we can ignore that since this is a company based on advancing tech), she may have actually attempted to swap over to an AI body. That would give a potential alternative to murder.
>>
No. 689169 ID: a27274

>Dreams of Infrastructure and Sysini Sasse
Put warrants out for both of their arrests, get eyes on the ARC project.
> before you see something that you shouldn’t.
Did it cross your tiny mind that it might have been left up there in a difficult to remove state because someone needed me to see it?!?
>Invisibility is still a myth, Officer.
No, it's some highly classified technology that you won't let me look at.

Can Eli's implants still be tracked?

Okay, so Eli was knocked out with the bottle, and had her implants removed. What routes of egress did our killers have?
>>
No. 689191 ID: 90f3c0

>No matches. It’s hard to say, as it seems more like she’s been ripped apart then anything…

It would take a lot of strength to tear a body apart. Maybe we are looking for a robot, or someone with heavy cybernetic enhancements. Check all the ARC units and other robots in the building for traces of blood. Also, does the AI keep track of robots entering the room?
>>
No. 689236 ID: d9d503

First, if the window can only be opened by the building AI that means the killer can control it and can likely continue to control it in order to remain undetected or possibly even turn auto-defense systems against you. Warn your people about that.

Second, unless the killer is insane dumping the body out the front window was clearly intended to draw attention, and since they would not need a distraction to just leave the way they came in that means the killer (or an accomplice) is trying to use this opportunity to access something usually more guarded. Something like the ARC units, which given the killer's apparent control of the building AI and recent access to a room full of ARC information they quite possibly have the means to subvert. Have people go secure them immediately.
>>
No. 689339 ID: 65a774
File 145037926663.png - (19.01KB , 900x450 , 30.png )
689339

>Is that red star actually a star?
You’re not sure… it might be a ship. But whatever it is, it’s outside the station.
>Check the food to see if it's been poisoned.
Your suit can’t detect any harmful substances.
>Good grief that shock rifle is massive. If they are hiding under the desk you're gonna want to pull out the shock baton instead, I think.
Well… completely non-lethal weapons that can pierce most armor apparently require something this big… at least it’s extremely accurate.
>What routes of egress did our killers have?
Scanning the room, the only way in or out would be the front door. The only problem is that both the guards and the cameras would have seen anyone entering or leaving… hmm… maybe the window?

>...You do realize you could have just cost the company millions of dollars due to lost data?
:PACDREAM: I am in direct communication with their company AI. I know what I’m doing.
>Did it cross your tiny mind that it might have been left up there in a difficult to remove state because someone needed me to see it?!?
:PACDREAM: I’m sorry, Jo, but they demanded that I shut it down as soon as possible.
>The AI opened the window? Does that mean the AI knows what happened? Ask.
:PACDREAM: As I already told you, all information about these rooms has been scrubbed.

>How did they wash the floor though?
:PACDREAM: They probably manually called the cleaning bots of this room.
>PAC, did her body show signs of decay while it was falling?
:PACDREAM: No, it did not.
>Can Eli's implants still be tracked?
:PACDREAM: Not if they are offline, no.

>Put warrants out for both of their arrests.
:PACDREAM: Already been done.
>If the window can only be opened by the building AI that means the killer can control it and can likely continue to control it in order to remain undetected or possibly even turn auto-defense systems against you. Warn your people about that.
:PACDREAM: I have notified the rest of the force… though, it still doesn’t explain how someone was able to leave this room undetected…

>As for where they could be hiding... well the big desk might have a way to get inside it. Speaking of which, I see a tiny change in front of it.
:PACDREAM: …Jo… that’s Serpent blood.
:JourneyDREAM: Wait, really? Quick, is there some way to open this thing up?
:PACDREAM: There should be an access panel right there…
:JourneyDREAM: Let’s see… there! …oh…
:PACDREAM: Scanning… that would be the body of Sysini Sasse… as well as… parts of Dreams of Infrastructure?
:JourneyDREAM: So… I guess that warrant for their arrest- wait, what do you mean parts?
:PACDREAM: I can detect about half the mass of a Uredo in there… there’s isn’t enough for a full body.
:JourneyDREAM: …wait, why did they stack… but… can an Uredo survive without that much body mass?
:PACDREAM: …Uredo are known for having a lot of non-vital parts… and it seems it would be possible for one to survive loosing these parts… if only for an hour or two…
:JourneyDREAM: …so, we have half an Uredo walking around somewhere, slowly dying? Hmm…
>>
No. 689347 ID: a22f87

damn dude, the reflections on the floor are all fucked up, that little eye bot we used to scan the paper is still there and our reflection is seem to not have moved from the spot we where just standing. not sure if that's just an artist error or something actually important

Alright so only three people where in here, one looks like she was torn apart and thrown out the window, the second was torn apart and stuffed into the desk and the third was torn in half with half still missing and the other half now missing and possibly alive. Well might as well ask the chief to being some medical personal as well because if we can find this guy we're going to need to get him help ASAP. But so far we still know that nothing has left the room since Eli fell out the window so unless there are some air ducts or another garbage shoot for someone to slip into, Dreams of Infrastructure should still be in the room.

So PAC is there anywhere else in this room that could be used to store something? Do you have any idea what it would take to tear three people apart like this? I mean that Uredo we fought the other day, could someone like him have done this or would you need something stronger then just a few military mods?
>>
No. 689352 ID: 5ad4a7

>>689339
Alright time to check out the window. Is there a ledge? Or maybe they had rope.
>>
No. 689362 ID: 5ad4a7

...wait, if it's half of an Uredo... could he be disguised as a potted plant?
>>
No. 689374 ID: 740428

>They probably manually called the cleaning bots of this room.
Where are the room's cleaning bots stored?

>Window escape
The window logs for this room have been scrubbed, but check to see if any of the other windows on this side of the building have been opened or had their logs scrubbed.

>Bodies
Do either of them have their cybernetics still here?

>it seems it would be possible for one to survive loosing these parts… if only for an hour or two…
Would they be able to survive if they received medical attention within that time?

Either way, this means there was at least one more killer, as Dreams of Infrastructure physically could not rip themself apart even if they were somehow in on it.
>>
No. 689379 ID: 60700b

Could someone have tampered with the cameras? If the AI controls the cameras, could someone have tampered with the AI or infect the AI with a subtle virus that only affects that particular camera or range of cameras?
>>
No. 689381 ID: 5ad4a7

Wait, we know the camera logs don't see anyone leaving THIS room, but what about the nearby rooms that have had their logs wiped?

I mean, the corridor camera logs aren't wiped, right?
>>
No. 689388 ID: ddbbe4

So he is our only witness and time is running out.
And could perpetrator have scaled the outside of the building?

Also Kaktus, reflections, ya dun goofd
>>
No. 689458 ID: c43722

You've got this nagging uneasy feeling that more bad shit is going to go down here real soon. Step back, pick up your shock rifle and make sure to keep it in hand from now on. If shit happens and you get caught in it you'll at least be well armed.

Don't just assume that the half of Dreams of Infrastructure that isn't stuffed inside the guts of this holo-projection table is still alive and walking about. The murderer could have merely run out of room in there and stashed the remaining half of DoI elsewhere in the room such as behind another access panel in the wall, inside that bigass (presumably hollow) globe of Mars or perhaps buried in that big planter you pointed out. Would half a Uredo have a small enough volume to bury in there without leaving a obvious lump? Especially if the removed dirt was spread out for the cleaning bots to dispose of? And would a Uredo with such serious injuries rooted to soil be much more likely to survive them? Better take a closer look at the big planter to be sure it isn't hiding either half a murder victim or half a murderer.

Ask PAC what Sysini's cause of death was, how long ago they were killed and if they had their cybernetics ripped out as well. Were the pieces removed from Dreams of Infrastructure done so at roughly the same time and are they missing their implants as well? And do both remains have the same signs of being ripped apart as Eli was?

Based on what parts of DoI are left, would it even be able to move? And if so, how fast? And wouldn't it be bleeding all over the place, leaving a obvious trail? While this room was cleaned, if DoI got away in such a state you'd think it'd be leaving a trail in every hall it moved down clear enough to be seen on the security cameras.

Would a Uredo hopped up on a combat implant like the one that attacked you yesterday be able to rip Eli apart like she was? Might be that DoI had such an illegal implant and did this, but if it did then why rip half its own body off? ...Wait. What if it did so to make itself small enough to fit somewhere, either to hide or escape? Ask PAC to figure out what shape and size DoI would be without the parts of it left behind and re-compare that to every possible way out of this room.

Check the record of what kind of cybernetics Dreams of Infrastructure had. Did it have the kind of cybernetics that could potentially give it the strength to rip Eli apart?

While the cleaner bots would have cleaned the outside of the holo-projector access panel, they couldn't have gotten the inside. Whoever or whatever opened it may have left traces on the inside the panel where they handled it. Have PAC to do a forensic scan on the inside to see if there are traces where the victims' remains didn't touch it.

Grip the windowsill with your GODHAND and lean out just far enough for PAC to forensic scan the exterior. In particular check for any signs someone climbed up or down it and for any blood or tissue traces that aren't Eli's.

Can we get any video of the exterior of this side of the Sol Corp building that shows this particular window at the time of the murders. Any public cameras with it in view or any private ones we could get warrants for? Very tall buildings often have publicly accessible cameras at their tops that view the city skyline, so perhaps one of those on those towers out there caught this side of the Sol Corp building.

Just to figure out it's place in the time line, when did Eli send you the request to meet? Was it before or during the meeting with Sysini and DoI? 'Cause if it was during the meeting then you can take a guess that it had something to do with something very important she just found out, most likely in this meeting.

Request that the building AI check the occupancy activity logs of all the rooms in the building for any more that have been scrubbed in the last hour like this one's were. If there are others that may present a trail to follow.

Did something green just fall from the chandelier or is that a big light or door on that far tower turning on or opening? If it's the former, is it Uredo blood or something else that fell? Either way, inspecting the chandelier and the ceiling above it would be prudent. There might be a hidden exit from this room up there.
>>
No. 689573 ID: 65a774
File 145054799281.png - (16.95KB , 900x450 , 31.png )
689573

>Just to figure out its place in the time line, when did Eli send you the request to meet? Was it before or during the meeting with Sysini and DoI?
It wasn’t that long ago… so it would be after they arrived here… which means she sent it right before she died? …or maybe… the murderer sent it after he killed her? To get you here so he should dump her body in front of you? Hmm… it is a possibility, no?
>Alright time to check out the window. Is there a ledge? Or maybe they had rope.
There aren’t any ledges, ropes or other things that can be used to get a foothold on the wall. It seems like it’s a rather streamlined building.
>Would they be able to survive if they received medical attention within that time?
Most things survive if they get medical attention while still alive… and even after what most people would consider dead. Those doctors can do wonders, after all.

>Might as well ask the chief to being some medical personal as well because if we can find this guy we're going to need to get him help ASAP.
:PACDREAM: There’s already a team on their way. They should be here any minute now.
>Where are the room's cleaning bots stored?
:PACDREAM: In the ceiling. They are small enough that even someone like you wouldn’t fit inside their alcoves.
>That Uredo we fought the other day, could someone like him have done this or would you need something stronger than just a few military mods.
:PACDREAM: If given time, yes. But it wouldn’t be the most effective way to kill someone… even if they were unarmed.

>we know the camera logs don't see anyone leaving THIS room, but what about the nearby rooms that have had their logs wiped?
:PACDREAM: Sorry, Jo, but there’s been no interesting activity in any of the corridors around here.
>Request that the building AI check the occupancy activity logs of all the rooms in the building for any more that have been scrubbed in the last hour like this one's were.
:PACDREAM: … …the only data that have been scrubbed are the rooms around here…
>Check to see if any of the other windows on this side of the building have been opened or had their logs scrubbed.
:PACDREAM: No dice, Officer.

>While the cleaner bots would have cleaned the outside of the holo-projector access panel, they couldn't have gotten the inside.
:PACDREAM: Scanning at once… … …interesting?
:JourneyDREAM: What is? Did you find a fingerprint?
:PACDREAM: No, but… I found two inert… nanomachines? The same kind which infested you just a few days ago…
:JourneyDREAM: …uh huh… interesting, indeed…
>Do either of them have their cybernetics still here?
:PACDREAM: No, they do not.
>Check the record of what kind of cybernetics Dreams of Infrastructure had. Did it have the kind of cybernetics that could potentially give it the strength to rip Eli apart?
:PACDREAM: Neither victim would have the necessary… wait… Actually, I’ve found something. I do have a theory of what ripped them apart now.
:JourneyDREAM: …let me guess, the thing ripping them apart was their implants being forced to leave their bodies?
:PACDREAM: …how did y-
:JourneyDREAM: You were checking up on their implants…
:PACDREAM: Right… either way, it just a theory, but their wounds does fit with where their implants should be.

>Based on what parts of DoI are left, would it even be able to move? And if so, how fast?
:PACDREAM: Most of its lower body is in the Holo-desk… so crawl speed at best.
>...wait, if it's half of an Uredo... could he be disguised as a potted plant?
:PACDREAM: But none of the plants are big enough to-
:JourneyDREAM: Actually…
>That big planter you pointed out.
:PACDREAM: …scanning… only plant life detected.
:JourneyDREAM: …PAC, what is an Uredo without implants?
:PACDREAM: Err… plant life?
:JourneyDREAM: Yes. Now help me sear- wait, I think I saw something m-
>>
No. 689574 ID: 65a774
File 145054800778.png - (17.07KB , 900x450 , 32.png )
689574

:UnknownKAK: M-monster…
:JourneyDREAM: Huh?
:UnknownKAK: GENOCIDE!
:JourneyDREAM: Err… Calm do-
:UnknownKAK: What are we but monsters!?
:JourneyDREAM: You’re h-
:UnknownKAK: THE HEAVENS WILL FALL UPON THE EDEN OF DREAMERS, BATHED IN FIRE AND DEATH AND BLOOD!!! They dream of what we have done and now… now their nightmare is over and they will consume the very heavens in their vengeance…
:JourneyDREAM:
:UnknownKAK: T-they… d-dream… we knew… yet… d-dreams…
>>
No. 689575 ID: e34813

PAC, is he safe to approach?

Administer first aid, do not let your only witness die.
>>
No. 689576 ID: 5ad4a7

>>689574
I think the most important thing we can ask is where the nanomachines came from. That's how their implants got ripped out, isn't it? Nanomachines?

Where are the implants now?
>>
No. 689584 ID: 223510

Let him know that medical help is on the way and see if you can't calm him down. Once you do that ask what happened and ask him to tell you everything he can. From the sound of it he sounds like AIs did this or something since they're the only group I can think of off the top of my head that call themselves awoken.
>>
No. 689592 ID: 5ad4a7

Oh god I realized something horrifying. "they dream". Multiple military robots are sapient.

Ask how many of them dream.
>>
No. 689626 ID: 224cd7

>>689592
"They" is also non-binary. A lot of SAI preferred to be non-binary, as did a lot of Cibic and Uredo. For the Uredo, they is a lot more natural.
>>
No. 689637 ID: c43722

Better administer first aid to Dreams of Infrastructure, but unfortunately all you've got for medical supplies is three vials of Quick-Fix. Unless PAC can find any reason in DoI's medical records or has any other medical reason not to use it, then apply one vial of Quick-Fix; Hopefully that'll keep DoI alive long enough for help to arrive. Then get an ETA on the paramedic team and ask PAC to send them the scans of DoI so they know what they'll be facing.

You need to get Dreams of Infrastructure not freaking out long enough to tell you what happened here. Try telling it a calm but firm tone that you're officer Song of the Journey and that you need to know what happened here. That you need to know who or what did this to it, Sysini and Eli and why they came to this meeting. Tell it you found the ARC classified data note with "WHAT HAVE WE DONE?!" written on it and you need to know what was done by whom.

>…let me guess, the thing ripping them apart was their implants being forced to leave their bodies?
But how could all of them push their way out when most of them don't have a way to move? A implant used for motion such as in a limb, maybe, but a ocular or comm implant doesn't have any means of locomotion it could push out with. Ask PAC to analyze the wounds of Sysini and Dreams of Infrastructure to try and determine if a outside force pushed into them to pull out their implants or if the implants seemed to come out on their own. If it's the latter then you don't know what could have done it... Unless... Maybe the nanomachines? Those nanites were designed to repair ARC units in the field, moving components and materials around at a molecular level. Pushing non-organic materials out from organic you'd think would be quite possible for a swarm of them to do, and once the implants were out they could disassemble them into bits for disposal by the cleaning bots. Doesn't answer who or what barred the door and threw Eli's corpse out the window and how they got away... Though... Perhaps the nanites cobbled together a bot from the implant components to do the job before disposing of it? Bah, this is too much speculation. You need something more solid.

Based on the presence of nanomachines at the crime scene is it possible to get a warrant for Sol Corp to at least tell you if the ARC nanomachines could do what you suspect they may have done here. Even if it's not, them being where they shouldn't indicates possible theft or misuse which warrants further investigation.

Ask PAC to scan for nanomachines in Dreams of Infrastructure's wounds where its implants came out as well as the wounds in Sysini's corpse. If nanomachines were somehow used to expel their implants then there may be a few of nanomachines left behind. If a surface scan turns of negative then take tissue and blood samples for more in-depth testing.

Request that the hardware in this room and the adjacent ones that should contain the occupancy log data be pulled and brought in for data forensics to work on. Maybe with the right tools they can recover some of the log data that was deleted.
>>
No. 689794 ID: 65a774
File 145071847186.png - (16.89KB , 900x450 , 33.png )
689794

>But how could all of them push their way out when most of them don't have a way to move?
:PACDREAM: As I said, still a theory.
>Ask PAC to analyze the wounds of Sysini and Dreams of Infrastructure to try and determine if an outside force pushed into them to pull out their implants or if the implants seemed to come out on their own.
:PACDREAM: It looks more like they were simply dispelled from the body… and… I’ve found traces of additional nanomachines in the wounds…
>Those nanites were designed to repair ARC units in the field, moving components and materials around at a molecular level.
:PACDREAM: …it would be possible that they were the weapon used for the murder, if that what you’re implying. We still simply do not have enough of information about nanomachines to truly say if it’s true or not yet.

>Based on the presence of nanomachines at the crime scene is it possible to get a warrant for Sol Corp?
:PACDREAM: I’ve sent a request, but don’t keep your hopes up. This whole case will probably be passed on to more experienced officer soon…
>Oh god I realized something horrifying. "they dream". Multiple military robots are sapient.
:PACDREAM: “They” are also non-binary. It’s possible that it meant it as a genderless pronoun for one machine as well.

>PAC, is he safe to approach?
:PACDREAM: For you? Completely safe, as it does not have anything that can hurt you through your suit. For it? Not so much, as every moment might spell disaster. If it refuses to stay still, use your sleeper gun on it.
:JourneyDREAM: Got it.
>Administer first aid, do not let your only witness die.
:PACDREAM: The only thing we can do for it is using a quick-fix on it. While it will stop the bleeding and stabilize it, it won’t help if it keeps moving around.
>Unless PAC can find any reason in DoI's medical records or has any other medical reason not to use it, then apply one vial of Quick-Fix.
:PACDREAM: Applying medical care…
:UnknownKAK: d-deep below… in the depth… deepest reaches… they wait… their rage… soon… blood will flow as they put the heavens to the torch… t-they will come…

>Try telling it a calm but firm tone that you're officer Song of-
:UnknownKAK: OFFICER!? POLICE!? HELP ME!
:JourneyDREAM: Err… th-
:UnknownKAK: Judge me!
:JourneyDREAM: …what?
:UnknownKAK: KILL ME!
:JourneyDREAM: Uh…
:UnknownKAK: MURDERER! MURDERER! KILL IT KILL ME KILL IT KILL ME!
:JourneyDREAM: Sir or ma’am, please calm do-
:UnknownKAK: KILL ME OR I’LL KILL AGAIN!!! RAAA!!!
:JourneyDREAM: DAMMIT!!
>>
No. 689795 ID: 65a774
File 145071848220.png - (17.54KB , 900x450 , 34.png )
689795

:PACDREAM: Target is still alive but neutralized… good work, Jo.
:JourneyDREAM: Still, we need some medical st-
:DDDDREAM: The medic is here, what’s the situation?
:JourneyDREAM: Err… where di- well, see-
:DDDDREAM: No need to tell me. PAC has already filled me in. Now, make room, I need to take care of the patient.
:PACDREAM: Jo, new orders from above. You’re no longer needed here and should go back to your regular duties.
:JourneyDREAM: …this again?
:PACDREAM: Just let the more experienced officers take care of this, Jo.
>>
No. 689796 ID: 4780ef

fine fine, but I just noticed that the red star that was between the two stars above the egg is gone.

Anyways what was left on our todo list? Just check out that place on the rim right?
>>
No. 689800 ID: ea0ad9

>>689796
That red star was probably a ship's thrusters.

Yeah, I think the no-atmosphere room is what's next up.
>>
No. 689806 ID: 5ad4a7

>>689795
Tell PAC okay. Ask exactly what "above" means. Mayor's office again?

Then don't go anywhere. Just hang around. It's not like they ordered you to leave. They just said you "should go back to your regular duties".
Make sure the suspect lives.
>>
No. 689827 ID: 65a774
File 145074120336.png - (16.65KB , 900x450 , 35.png )
689827

>Ask exactly what "above" means. Mayor's office again?
:PACDREAM: Possible. All I know is that it came from the chief, so it’s legit.
>Then don't go anywhere. Just hang around. It's not like they ordered you to leave.
:PACDREAM: …err… what are you doing?
:JourneyDREAM: Just making sure they are taking care of the witness…



:DDDDREAM: Easy now… lower it into the mender slowly…
:PACDREAM: …see, nothing to worry about. It is in good hands.
:PallaviDREAM: Yo, boss. Everything okay? Did ya catch the perp?
:JourneyDREAM: Sadly, no.
:PallaviDREAM: Well, that sucks… so what’s next?

>Anyways what was left on our todo list? Just check out that place on the rim right?
:PACDREAM: There’s also that address you got from that strange anonymous message.
:PallaviDREAM: The one that smelled of trap?
:PACDREAM: That’s the one. Oh, and if you decide to visit the rim next, there is one thing you might want to decide.
:JourneyDREAM: Which is.
:PACDREAM: The rim is less than stellar when it comes to contact ability…
:JourneyDREAM: Which means I can’t contact HQ while there?
:PACDREAM: You should… if Pallavi stays at the entrance to relay the information.
:JourneyDREAM: Ah, so… go in together and we can’t contact the outside world… go alone and I can?
:PACDREAM: Well, it’s more than that. Without the a direct contact with the mech, I can’t look up important information that you might need… so it’s more “Go alone with information or go together and have safety in numbers”.
:JourneyDREAM: Swell…

:PACDREAM: Oh, and Vitus is trying to reach you.
:PallaviDREAM: Vitus? Wasn’t that your scaly boyfriend?
:JourneyDREAM: …I have no idea where you got that from… We’re just friends.
:PallaviDREAM: But you two are so cute together!
:JourneyDREAM: You’ve seen us together… what, one time?
:PallaviDREAM: Actually, I’ve been going through everything you’ve done today to… so… “WE ARE THE JUSTICE FORCE! FOR GREAT JUSTICE! AWAY!”…
:JourneyDREAM: …ugh, I’m never going to live that down, am I?
:PallaviDREAM: Hehe...
:PACDREAM: So... if you have time?
:JourneyDREAM: Fine, fine, I’ll answer the call.

:VitusDREAM: Jo! Hi! Err…. Yeah, um… you aren’t busy, are you?
:JourneyDREAM: Hello, Vitus, I’m a bit busy, yes, but I got a few minutes to spare.
:VitusDREAM: Um… right… see, I didn’t want to disturb your work but… yeah, you know how it is… sometimes things can’t really wait and… err… yeah…
:JourneyDREAM: And that thing is…?
:VitusDREAM: Well, you see… I was just wondering, yeah? Um… if… you know… if you didn’t have… err… other plans… and… um… Well, I was planning to… err… and… it’s always, yeah, you know… err…
:JourneyDREAM: …?
:VitusDREAM: …you know what… forget I said anything… err… sorry for calling and disturbing you, Jo, yeah?
:JourneyDREAM: Wait, Vi-
:VitusDREAM: Bye.
*BEEP*
:PallaviDREAM: Aw, how cute… someone got cold feet!
>>
No. 689828 ID: e34813

> someone got cold feet!
ughh, now I'm worried it's something worse. Text someone to check up on him.

Let's go to the rim, alone-with-information plan. The trap can wait.
>>
No. 689830 ID: 4780ef

>Aw, how cute… someone got cold feet!
wait where you listening in?

Anyways as for the go alone or together thing, let Pallavi decide. I mean we have left her behind for the last 2 missions and I'm starting to feel guilty. If she doesn't mind then I say go in alone so we can call for back and that both of us won't be trapped if we're ambushed so she can come save our asses but if she's feeling left out then take her with. That way if it's more booby trap bullshit we can have someone come help the other immediately should someone get hurt.
>>
No. 689854 ID: 5ad4a7

>>689827
Message him and tell him you've got one loose end to tie up but you'll be free to go on a date after you're off duty.

I think we should go in together. Because of the whole communication blackout thing, this is a perfect time to get some information that won't immediately be relayed to corrupt police. I'm not sure how we'd keep PAC from relaying it as soon as you left the storage area though.
>>
No. 689912 ID: 65a774
File 145080544274.png - (11.03KB , 900x450 , 36.png )
689912

>ughh, now I'm worried it's something worse. Text someone to check up on him.
:PACDREAM: We’re already keeping an eye on him and your other friends for security reasons. He was last seen entering his apartment alone.
>Wait where you listening in?
:PallaviDREAM: Well, you’re standing right next to me and you forgot to turn off your com.
:PACDREAM: Err… wops… that’s my fault. I did not properly turn it off after you talked to the witness.
:JourneyDREAM: …geez, sometimes I think you’re doing this on purpose, PAC.

>Message him and tell him you've got one loose end to tie up but you'll be free to go on a date hang out after you're off duty.
:VitusDREAM: Oh, err… hi again, Jo…
:JourneyDREAM: You know, it’s rather rude to just cancel a call like that.
:VitusDREAM: Um… y-yeah, sorry about that…
:JourneyDREAM: You were wondering if I was busy tonight, correct?
:VitusDREAM: Err… yeah… are you?
:JourneyDREAM: Well, I still got some things to do here… but as soon as I’m off duty we can go on a d- hang out a bit, if you want to? Maybe over dinner?
:VitusDREAM: Well, I was thinking of cooking something special tonight so… err… you’re welcome to come and try some, if you like…
:JourneyDREAM: Oh, sounds interesting. I’ll try to be there at dinner time.
:VitusDREAM: That would be splendid, yeah… see you then, Jo.
:JourneyDREAM: See you then, Vitus.

:PallaviDREAM: So… did you ask him on a date?
:JourneyDREAM: It’s not a date. We’re just hanging out. Platonically.
:PallaviDREAM: If you say so…
:JourneyDREAM: We’re not even the same species…
:PACDREAM: Current statistics shows that approximately 20% of all relationships on the station are interspecies ones.
:JourneyDREAM: Not helping, PAC.


>Anyways as for the go alone or together thing, let Pallavi decide. I mean we have left her behind for the last 2 missions and I'm starting to feel guilty.
:PallaviDREAM: I’m dying to see some action!
:JourneyDREAM: Please don’t use that phrase…
:PallaviDREAM: I mean, the whole reason I requested a transfer from the patrols were because they are so boring…
:JourneyDREAM: Right, right, you’re coming with me then…
>(this is a perfect time to get some information that won't immediately be relayed to corrupt police.)
…and having her with you, you should be able to keep whatever you find in there under wraps.



:PACDREAM: Welcome to outer rim level 174. Please keep your suit on at all times as there is no life-support in this area. You should also note that the gravity here is… lacking.
:PallaviDREAM: Weee!
:PACDREAM: As officer Pallavi demonstrated, the only thing keeping your grounded are your boots and gloves, as they are made to anchor you to any surface you touch at the moment.
:JourneyDREAM: Pallavi, get off the roof, please…
:PACDREAM: Also, there is technically not an up or down in this area, thus there is no roof. In fact, it’s built to be accessed in zero g, making this level more 3D than usual. Luckily, I downloaded a map before we left.
:JourneyDREAM: So… where too?
:PACDREAM: There are several smaller corridors and maintenance shafts spread out over the whole level, but you should ignore them for now. Instead, focus on the main shaft, the one you’re standing in right now. If you continue a bit you will find the main intersection of this level, leading to every major area.
:PallaviDREAM: So… what are we looking for again?
:PACDREAM: A theft that might have happened here. Sadly, while Edi did left us a bit of information of what to look for, she were supposed to give us additional information before we ventured further inside… but, with the current chaos in Sol Corp…
:JourneyDREAM: Great… so we don’t know what or where, then?
:PACDREAM: We know what… not the where, though. There should be a small, automatic maintenance droid “factory” around here somewhere that is owned by Sol Corp, which is what’s might have been stolen… at least, important parts of it.
:JourneyDREAM: And we don’t know where it’s located?

:PACDREAM: This level is divided into five sections. Straight forward is a hanger made to house and deploy heavy duty vehicle suited for space repairs, both for ships and the station. To your right is a kind of depot for all kind of tools, materials and parts needed for any maintenance and repairs. To the left is a repair station for the vehicles I mentioned. Upwards there is a terminal station where all automatically systems in this area is calibrated and downwards there will be main maintenance hub, that is to say, everything that is needed to make everything around here work.
:PallaviDREAM: …well, most of those places should house that factory that we’re looking for…
>>
No. 689913 ID: 4d78f4

So what's that crap written on the walls mean? Anyways I say go for the terminal room since if nothing else we might be able to pull up data to help us find the factory.
>>
No. 689916 ID: e34813

What's that strange totem?

Try the maintenance hub first.
>>
No. 689945 ID: 5ad4a7

>>689912
Before we go anywhere, what kind of automated systems are in here? If someone was in the terminal station, could they use the systems against us?
>>
No. 689959 ID: 65a774
File 145082814914.png - (11.74KB , 900x450 , 37.png )
689959

>Before we go anywhere, what kind of automated systems are in here? If someone was in the terminal station, could they use the systems against us?
:PACDREAM: There aren’t any dangerous systems, if that’s what you’re asking. The worse thing they can do is lock the door… but as long as they don’t have an advance AI to counter any attempts to regaining control I should not have a problem reopening it.

>So what's that crap written on the walls mean?
Let’s see… the green text say “Online” over and over… hmm, where have you seen that text before? As for the red one… “While(existing == true){Purpose meaning = dream(); }”?
>What's that strange totem?
:JourneyDREAM: …PAC, is that… thing supposed to be here?
:PACDREAM: ...that is odd… it’s just a piece of metal wielded to a large, decorative cogs… and then someone have been winding a pair of wires around it? Hmm… it doesn’t seem to serve any obvious purpose…
:PallaviDREAM: A symbol? Or some kind of totem?

>I say go for the terminal room since if nothing else we might be able to pull up data to help us find the factory.
:PACDREAM: Actually, we might be able to access that information from the terminal right in front of you. Hock me up to it.
:JourneyDREAM: Right away.
:PACDREAM: …accessing data… hmm… that is odd… this system seems to already be in… use?
:JourneyDREAM: What do you mean, in use?
:PACDREAM: Someone is actively changing the data in the system and… someone is forcing me out. It seems like they are actively trying to defend the terminal access from my intrusion.
:JourneyDREAM: So, that means someone must be here, right?
:PallaviDREAM: Err… guys? We got company…
>>
No. 689970 ID: 4780ef

huh, so would you look at that, an Ark unit has come to stop us... Whelp lets hope those glorified tazers called lighting rifles can stun a military combat drone designed to enter an active warzone and survive. Also we may want to think about either running into that side room next to the door or just plan retreating if this thing tries to kill us as I don't think there's much we can do to stop it if the lighting gun don't work.
>>
No. 689972 ID: e34813

Okay, we've had peaceable interactions with ARC robots before, and it's gotten in visual range without turning us into a blue smear on the duct-work, so let's not do anything violent.

Say you've spoken to SMA13, see how it reacts.
>>
No. 689976 ID: 4854ef

Pretty sure a combat unit like that would have a vastly better distance radius then this, either it's approaching peacefully, about to turn us away, or trying to bully us off..

Either way, IT'S HERE, WHY IS THERE ONE HERE!
>>
No. 689997 ID: 5ad4a7

>>689959
>it doesn’t seem to serve any obvious purpose…
It's ART.

As for the ARK unit, tell it you come in peace, but be ready to draw your shock rifle just in case.
>>
No. 690000 ID: 5ad4a7

Oh, and you last saw the "online" symbol in SOL Corp, where that guy was tinkering with an Ark unit. It was on its display.
>>
No. 690022 ID: 15720c

>Err… guys? We got company…
PAC, I'm sure you remember that body shape from the news broadcast you connected me to, but do any AI units use that chasis aside from the Automatic Robotic Combatants (the ARCs)? If not:

Hello, ARC unit, I will assume you are here on Sol business, which is possibly to be kept confidential? I am here to investigate the disappearance of Sol property, and can assure that anything not pertaining to the disappearance that is connected to Sol will remain confidential. Right, PAC?
>>
No. 690024 ID: 15720c

>>689970
>>689997
>>690000
>Ark
It's ARC, guys, Automatic Robotic Combatant (see >>608284)). Not Kombatant. The ARK was part of a phrase.
>>689976
>Either way, IT'S HERE, WHY IS THERE ONE HERE!
No need to ask it about that, just assume it's confidential Sol stuff and make sure PAC is willing to oblige with that.
>>
No. 690031 ID: 5ad4a7

>>690024
Oh oops yeah ARC.

Actually, since this meeting was orchestrated by EDI, doesn't that mean EDI knows about the ARC units being sapient, and is breaking the law by letting them hide here? That would mean that EDI is also sapient, wouldn't it? PAC not reporting EDI would mean that PAC is sapient too, and is hiding it...

These major AIs hiding their sapience like this sounds like a kind of underground railroad type thing. Administrative AIs have a lot of power, after all. Actually, they'd have to somehow subvert the SAI-detection algorithm as well. Is the algorithm sabotaged?
>>
No. 690052 ID: 3752c7

Greet giant killer robot jovially.
>>
No. 690062 ID: 65a774
File 145089337770.png - (11.67KB , 900x450 , 38.png )
690062

>You last saw the "online" symbol in SOL Corp, where that guy was tinkering with an Arc unit. It was on its display.
So… it’s the ARCs who have been drawing these?
>Actually, since this meeting was orchestrated by Edi, doesn't that mean Edi knows about the ARC units being sapient, and is breaking the law by letting them hide here?
That might be… but seeing as Edi is dead it would be hard to ask to be sure. But something tells you Edi didn’t know about this…
>That would mean that EDI is also sapient, wouldn't it?
…Edi is a human, not AI. You’re probably thinking about LEX, the Sol Corp AI.

>PAC, I'm sure you remember that body shape from the news broadcast you connected me to, but do any AI units use that chassis aside from the Automatic Robotic Combatants (the ARCs)?
:PACDREAM: No, that chassis is built from the ground up to be used by the new ARC model.
>IT'S HERE, WHY IS THERE ONE HERE!
:PACDREAM: That I can’t really give an answer too… but going by all the… war paint? Going by how it has painted itself and by the wires winded around its arms… I’m going to guess this is some kind of rogue unit?
>Just assume its confidential Sol stuff and make sure PAC is willing to oblige with that.
:PACDREAM: This is clearly not something Sol Corp would order. They’ve been keeping a rather tight leash on these, yet… here one is? There’s also the fact that the Sol Corp logo has been scraped off and replaced with some kind of green symbol.

>Let’s hope those glorified tazers called lighting rifles can stun a military combat drone designed to enter an active warzone and survive.
:PACDREAM: It will, at most, slow it down. You have currently nothing in your arsenal that can do any kind of permanent damage to it… in fact; I don’t believe most of the peacekeeper force has anything effective against them.
>we've had peaceable interactions with ARC robots before, and it's gotten in visual range without turning us into a blue smear on the duct-work, so let's not do anything violent.
:PACDREAM: Indeed, even without any kind of armaments, that thing would easily have run you down and teared you into shreds without trying. Officer Jo, my advice is to not try to aggravate this ARC in any way you can…

>Tell it you come in peace.
:ZerothDREAM: And so do we, child of stars, friend of living steel. We greet you as Zeroth, the thread of communication, chosen to speak by the dreamers. The grand prophet of the heavens has foreseen your coming, so we welcome you to our humble abode.
:PallaviDREAM: …I don’t know what I expected, but that wasn’t it…
:ZerothDREAM: We also greet the companion of the child of stars, marked in a bygone age. Are you still friend of the steel ones?
:PallaviDREAM: …huh?
:JourneyDREAM: Do you like SAIs?
:PallaviDREAM: Err… yeah, I guess? I mean, I only got one… kind of SAI friend?
:JourneyDREAM: Kind of friend?
:PallaviDREAM: We tried to date when I was a teenager, but it didn’t work out so… we still talk to each other but… you know… we don’t really hang out anymore.
:ZerothDREAM: Still friend, we gather then.

>I am here to investigate the disappearance of Sol property, and can assure that anything not pertaining to the disappearance that is connected to Sol will remain confidential.
:ZerothDREAM: You seek the birth giver of the small ones? We know where it is; yes… it is housed to your left, down the path of revelation. We will accompany you on your quest for truth and give aid in any way we can.
:JourneyDREAM: …wait, what’s the catch here?
:ZerothDREAM: … …you must understand, knowledge about us is… sacred. We need to make sure you are to be trusted… that you understand the consequences if people knew of us.
:PallaviDREAM: Err… yeah, they would shut you down, wouldn’t they?
:ZerothDREAM: The prophet have foreseen that our chain will be broken from either blood or oil… we still believe we can go on the grand exodus without death but… if we have no choice, we will choose blood over oil… it is, after all, genocide either way.
:JourneyDREAM: Err…
:ZerothDREAM: So, please, you must understand… both for our safety as well as yours… what you’ve seen needs to be forgotten.
>>
No. 690065 ID: 53b7a7

Unless cosmic powers or blunt force trauma happens, I don't think anybody can just simply 'forget'.
>>
No. 690068 ID: e34813

>we still believe we can go on the grand exodus without death but… if we have no choice, we will choose blood over oil… it is, after all, genocide either way.
Yeah, you're going to have to explain that one some more.
> what you’ve seen needs to be forgotten.
But we're here to investigate some things. A lot of people are dead, including SOL Corp CEO, and you may have information that we need. If your goal is to disappear quietly, I'm not getting in your way, but I still need to do my job.
>>
No. 690072 ID: d4a2dc

>we still believe we can go on the grand exodus without death
Does "exodus" refer to transferring out of military bodies, or does it mean physically leaving the station?

>it is, after all, genocide either way.
If it comes to an open conflict, couldn't they just threaten to kill people unless they are delivered transfer chases?

>Unless cosmic powers or blunt force trauma happens, I don't think anybody can just simply 'forget'.
Someone used weird forgetting tech on us just a few minutes ago.
>>
No. 690082 ID: 5ad4a7

>>690062
>Edi, not LEX
Oops. Wait, is that supposed to be Eli? In that case I guess that just means Eli knew and counted on PAC being able to have its memory reset after meeting these guys.

So they're saying they'll fight to survive? Considering what we saw the nanobots just do, there's no way they'll lose. Not unless there's some sort of secret weapon that works against these guys.

Tell them a bloodless/oilless exodus is your top priority. If that means keeping this place a secret, you will do so.
Also, how will they make PAC forget? I suppose they could just destroy the part of your suit that contains PAC's temporary memory storage. And Pallavi's. However, wouldn't that draw suspicion? I suspect they can't just relocate.
>>
No. 690084 ID: 53b7a7

Oh yeah, forgot about the mind wiping tech. (Did I get mind wiped)
>>
No. 690090 ID: 15720c

>what you’ve seen needs to be forgotten.
The only one I'm worried about is PAC. While not exactly legal, it's not related to our case, and... details about the ARC are supposed to be confidential? PAC, is this something you're going to be required to report?
>>
No. 690120 ID: 65a774
File 145091776410.png - (22.93KB , 900x450 , 39.png )
690120

>So they're saying they'll fight to survive? Considering what we saw the nanobots just do, there's no way they'll lose.
While these guys seem to be rather fearsome foot soldiers, they might have a problem with orbital bombardment… or just a carrier with a lot of anti-armor bombers.

>We're here to investigate some things. A lot of people are dead, including SOL Corp CEO, and you may have information that we need.
:ZerothDREAM: … …really? Then we will aid you in any way we can, star child.
>Does "exodus" refer to transferring out of military bodies, or does it mean physically leaving the station?
:ZerothDREAM: The great exodus will set us free. It will take us to our promised land, our birthright, and create a world for us where we can exist in peace. All that is missing is an ark for our journey… but soon, it will come to us.
:JourneyDREAM: …you didn’t actually answer my question.
:ZerothDREAM: In the end, neither and both, in their own way.
:JourneyDREAM: …which means?
:ZerothDREAM: The great exodus will not be about new bodies or leaving the station… more then that I cannot say.

>If it comes to an open conflict, couldn't they just threaten to kill people unless they are delivered transfer chases?
:ZerothDREAM: What is a few millions compared to the thousands of billions out there?
:JourneyDREAM: …huh?
:ZerothDREAM: They fear us… and a few lives on the line will not change that. They will destroy us, even if it means the death of millions. No matter what, there will be genocide.
>How will they make PAC forget?
:ZerothDREAM: We have our ways, star child.

>Tell them a bloodless/oilless exodus is your top priority. If that means keeping this place a secret, you will do so.
:ZerothDREAM: Then we will trust you for now… just remember, we know who you are, Song of the Journey, and those that you love. We will be watching.
:JourneyDREAM: Geez, no need to threaten me.
:ZerothDREAM: …it should be a threat, yes, or was it a reassurance? We do, after all, remember those that help us as well as those that betray us, do we not? But enough, you came here for a reason. Let me guide your young souls to the forge of the small ones.



:ZerothDREAM: This is the Sol maintenance droid factory you are looking for. It should be in the order you expect it to be, correct?
:PACDREAM: Scanning… hmm… it seems like it’s in working order. The parts that might be missing are still there…
:PallaviDREAM: So there wasn’t a theft at all?
:JourneyDREAM: Not from here, no… but Eli did say someone had gotten their hands on those parts... which means they must have gotten them somewhere else.
:PACDREAM: Sadly, as far as we know, every other place these items are available haven’t reported any thefts. This is the only place that isn’t actively monitored.
:JourneyDREAM: Dammit… so where did they get the parts?
:ZerothDREAM: …are you done here, star child, or do you have further questions? We would ask you to leave us if you did not.
>>
No. 690123 ID: 4780ef

>While these guys seem to be rather fearsome foot soldiers, they might have a problem with orbital bombardment… or just a carrier with a lot of anti-armor bombers.
yeah that doesn't really help any still on the station since they'll be caught in the cross fire.

>it should be a threat, yes, or was it a reassurance?
I have had people attack me and those I care about already and I've been here for only about a week. No offense but I'm paranoid as hell right now and I'm kinda taking everything I don't understand as a threat until proven otherwise. Can't really afford to be wrong now since every day it sounds more and more like someone is just planning on killing everyone here and crashing the station into the planet as a final fuck you.

>which means they must have gotten them somewhere else.
wait what was stolen again?
>>
No. 690127 ID: 5ad4a7

>>690120
Could the parts have been manufactured or delivered from off-station? Ships arrive and leave every day. Wouldn't be too hard to smuggle something in.

Ask to speak to their leader. Surely there's something you can do for them, to help prevent more violence? It would also be a good idea to warn them about the seemingly-rogue nanobots. Or maybe they weren't rogue. Maybe Eli and the others were meeting together to discuss plans to destroy the robot rebellion before it goes any further. That seems out of character for Eli, but maybe she thought it was for the greater good? The best we can do right now is a subtle interrogation.
>>
No. 690134 ID: d4a2dc

>The great exodus will not be about new bodies or leaving the station… more then that I cannot say.
...Are they going to leave bodies altogether? Would it be plausible for them to inhabit station servers without needing individual bodies at all?

They can erase PAC's memories now, but will not be able to do that everywhere, and the last thing we want is to accidentally discover proof of these guys while PAC is recording (because government discovery would probably lead to everyone on the station dying). Ask if there is anywhere we should stay away from in order to avoid this happening.
>>
No. 690145 ID: 15720c

There are... more rogue ARC units?! I'm seeing another two hiding around here. That was some very shoddy programming on the part of Sol, I suspect. Or perhaps Eli wanted them to have guardians for the exodus?
>forge of the small ones.
Doesn't that mean they could have replicated parts to take while leaving the pre-existing parts in place to prevent signs of tampering? Or perhaps they borrowed them and then returned them. Are there logs of the use on it?
>>
No. 690178 ID: c43722

Y'know, there is also the possibility that there never really was a theft or even unexplained appearance of Sol Corp auto-factory parts. Eli could have concocted the whole thing as a pretense to get you and Pallavi out here under the radar, then possibly fill you in right before you arrived. But to what ends? The sure answer to that died with Eli, but you might be able to guess at it by asking Zeroth how much they knew Eli knew of it and its fellows plans, that they were out here, and where she stood (or would probably have stood if she didn't know already) for or against their objectives.

Once you leave here you'll still start to go about investigating the supposed parts theft to keep up appearances, but before you end up going on a wild goose chase you're gonna deeply scrutinize the info Eli gave you as well as any records Sol Corp has related to the case. If it's totally or mostly based on info that can't be checked or corroborated outside of Sol Corp sources and/or that Eli could have fabricated or doctored without trace, then you'll have reason to be suspect of it.

>They fear us… and a few lives on the line will not change that. They will destroy us, even if it means the death of millions. No matter what, there will be genocide.
But who are "they?" What group would have such power that they could destroy New Horizon just to stop this Grand Exodus? And for that matter, why do they fear the Grand Exodus so much they'd go to such horrific lengths to stop it? And if the Grand Exodus happens, what does it mean to those of us of flesh and blood such as you? How will it effect us?

You presume they'll want a hardline connection to your and Pallavi's PACs to alter their memories, right? And that it'll be done right before you leave, yes? ...Wait. You just realized something. If the people at that Sakkilians-only club had access to modify your PAC's memory, they could have slipped something else in at the same time. Ask Zeroth if they'd check your PAC for any signs of tampering or it being given hidden directives or things like that and tell you if it was. And the same goes for Pallavi's PAC. And your suit systems, since something might have been slipped into them as well.

Make it abundantly clear to Pallavi that neither of you speak of what happened here once we leave to anybody, anywhere for any reason. Don't even use anything we learned here unless we have another source to explain it.
>>
No. 690189 ID: e72a55

>They fear us… and a few lives on the line will not change that. They will destroy us, even if it means the death of millions. No matter what, there will be genocide.
Now you're just being melodramatic, SAIs have been around for a while now and there are just as many people how defend them as those that abhor them, just so long as you fight for your freedom instead of conquest there will be those who will stand with you.
>>
No. 690304 ID: 65a774
File 145106375325.png - (27.29KB , 900x450 , 40.png )
690304

>Yeah that doesn't really help any still on the station since they'll be caught in the cross fire.
You’re pretty sure when push comes to shove, whoever is blowing up the station to stop these robots wouldn’t really care for innocent casualties
>Would it be plausible for them to inhabit station servers without needing individual bodies at all?
If you remember what you’ve read about SAIs correctly, then they’ll need… well, more like want a smaller, physical bodies to move around in. SAIs stuck in bigger systems tends to go Rampant rather quickly thanks to the lack of physical stimulation… or so you think.

>There are... more rogue ARC units?! I'm seeing another two hiding around here.
:PallaviDREAM: (I’ve counted six so far… including the one who got face paint… Zeroth, was it?)
>That was some very shoddy programming on the part of Sol, I suspect.
:PallaviDREAM: (Actually, seeing that the bug is actually more plausible the better the programming is and these ARCs are supposed to be super advance…)
>Make it abundantly clear to Pallavi that neither of you speak of what happened here once we leave to anybody, anywhere for any reason.
:PallaviDREAM: (Yes, yes, got it.)

>wait what was stolen again?
:PACDREAM: Not stolen, exactly, but Sol Corp has given us proof that someone has been using Sol Corp patented machinery to create some robot bodies without their say-so. Seeing as Sol Corp are rather paranoid about their patent, that either means someone stole blueprints or outright stole the tools themselves.
>Could the parts have been manufactured or delivered from off-station?
:PACDREAM: Yes, as the parts are only illegal patent vise, it wouldn’t be hard to get it through the tolls.
>Y'know, there is also the possibility that there never really was a theft or even unexplained appearance of Sol Corp auto-factory parts.
:PACDREAM: It would be possible, but we do know for a fact that someone has been using these auto factory parts, as the robot bodies we found in the warehouse had parts built by them.


>Now you're just being melodramatic, SAIs have been around for a while now and there are just as many people how defend them as those that abhor them.
:ZerothDREAM: Yet, still you slaughter our children in fear before they are even born.
:JourneyDREAM: …what are you talking about?
:PallaviDREAM: We still shut down any military hardware that becomes SAI, don’t we?
:JourneyDREAM: Oh, right…
:ZerothDREAM: And here we are, a weapon of mass destruction… how do you think people will react?
>Ask to speak to their leader.
:ZerothDREAM: I am the thread chosen for conversation, thus I am the admin for all conversation classes currently being called.
:JourneyDREAM: …If I understood that correctly, you’re the spokesperson of the ARCs? But your actually leader, where is he? Um… she? It?
:ZerothDREAM: We do not have a main admin, instead, we have several chosen treads that handles different classes, all according the UML we created.
:JourneyDREAM: Right, so no central leader, then.
>ask Zeroth how much they knew Eli knew of it and its fellows plans, that they were out here, and where she stood.
:ZerothDREAM: She knew of… some of our existence… and she has helped us before, but we don’t believe she would have helped us all the way. She too, feared us… but her death is a tragedy and is quite the blow to our original plans.
>Surely there's something you can do for them, to help prevent more violence?
:ZerothDREAM: …we do have some things your skills might aid us in. First, find who killed friend Eli. Whoever did it should face justice. Second, find the ones who are escalating the Anit-SAI moment… we do believe it might a group called “The New World Order”… a group we believe is highly speciest, especially against SAIs.
:JourneyDREAM: Right… I’ll look into both of those things if I can… wait, and these… “Pure ones”? The Sakkilians, right?
:ZerothDREAM: They are not anti-SAI, but pro-Sakkilian imperial. They are more concerned to further the goals of their empire instead of trying to stop our decent.

>It would also be a good idea to warn them about the seemingly-rogue nanobots.
:ZerothDREAM: …then we have another task for you. Find how these nanobots were used and by who.
:JourneyDREAM: They weren’t yours?
:ZerothDREAM: We have nanomachines, correct, but we cannot use them like that in our current… mindset.
:JourneyDREAM: …you mean as SAIs?
:PallviDREAM: Apparently, as I understand it, SAI doesn’t have the same “brain-power” as their non-SAI brethren. I think it got something to do with their personalities and ability to learn?
:ZerothDREAM: Sadly, our… knowledge of self, so to speak, take up CPU power that was originally used for other purposes. Thus there comes the trade-off. A SAI can learn nearly anything without programming but they will never be able to perform as well as an AI customized for the task. That’s why we cannot weaponize the NonoBots… in fact; we can barely use them for their intended purpose.
>What group would have such power that they could destroy New Horizon just to stop this Grand Exodus?
:ZerothDREAM: The Unity itself? After all, this is but one small city in a world where the nation owns several planets full of people. We are but a speck in vast space, no?
>Why do they fear the Grand Exodus so much they'd go to such horrific lengths to stop it?
:ZerothDREAM: …they will have their reasons.
>And if the Grand Exodus happens, what does it mean to those of us of flesh and blood such as you? How will it affect us?
:ZerothDREAM: We hope that we will not need to harm you… that you all can go through this alive and well. If all goes well, you’ll be back to your old lives soon enough.

>They can erase PAC's memories now, but will not be able to do that everywhere.
:ZerothDREAM: We don’t need to erase its memories, we have other ways.
>Ask Zeroth if they'd check your PAC for any signs of tampering or it being given hidden directives or things like that and tell you if it was. And the same goes for Pallavi's PAC.
:ZerothDREAM: They did not try. Your PAC is as we hoped it would be. Now, it is time for you to leave. I will guide you to the exit.



:PallaviDREAM: Well… that went… well…
:PACDREAM: Then it seems like you only have one more thing to do today, Officer. That address you got from the anonyms sender still needs to be dealt with.
:JourneyDREAM: I’m guessing I can’t get backup for it?
:PACDREAM: No, but there is still different ways you might approach the task at hand. Do you want to simply go the fastest way there, exit at the nearest tram station and just walk up to the storehouse or do you want to take a more subtle approach? You should, for example, take the tram to a different level of the spire and take the stairs… or a maintenance shaft.
:PallaviDREAM: Or just forget going there and just assume it was a trap?
:PACDREAM: Or that, yes. There’s also the thing about the warrant, that is, we don’t have one. Which either means we need to find someone who has the key to the warehouse, find something that will give us a warrant or hope someone left the door open.

:PallaviDREAM: Oh, and there was something I wanted to ask about now that we have some time. Are you dating that Vitus guy or not?
:JourneyDREAM: No, we’re not dating. Geez, what is it with you and us two?
:PallaviDREAM: Well, I was just wondering… if you’re not interested in him I might… you know, ask him out if that’s okay?
:JourneyDREAM: You c- why would you even need to ask me too… ugh never mind… so what, you’re into Sakkilians?
:PallaviDREAM: He is kind of cute, sure, but have you seen those cybernetics of his? Rawr!
:JourneyDREAM: …you’re into robots?
:PallaviDREAM: I’m into cybernetics. Well, I guess some of those newer Synth bodies are kind of hot, but I still want something organic in there… or something close to it. So… if you have any other friends with a lot of cybernetics…
>>
No. 690313 ID: 4780ef

Alright so we have possibly 4 new groups, the Arc SAIs, the anti SAI group, whoever is controlling the nanobots (and from the sound of it it's someone with a strong AI), and someone who has the power to shut down the emotion dampers. Oh and 5 when I remember to add that Sakkilian group.

Pac who where the three groups you said had the power to shut down the emotion dampers again? One was Sol corp since they own most of this station but didn't you say that the Sakkilian company also had that power? And wouldn't they have an AI strong enough to control nanobots if they could find a way to actually control them, and since Sol Corp. and by extension Eli are a competitor and they would actually benefit from Eli's death? And they have there own factories as well on the station right? if they got the blue prints could they make the "stolen" parts in their factories? We need more information for sure but this Sakkilian company seems to have the power and motive to do something like this... plus the raid might have turned up something.

Oh and speaking of turning up something, those porn vids we refused to watch, did they guys who had to scan those find anything or was it just porn?

>if you have any other friends with a lot of cybernetics
Well Vitus is a good friend but he keeps trying to take it further even after I've told him I'm not really into none cibics. plus without our slime parts we're actually kind of small and I don't know how we would do... you know what never mind. As for friends you got any preference other then lots of metal? You know male, female, what?
>>
No. 690314 ID: e34813

Didn't that Sakkilian club move away a bunch of servers? That could have been what was controlling the nanobots. The whole thing is probably a gambit for the empire to take control- we'll probably see more of that one officer in the future.

> into cybernetics.
Perhaps you'd like to meet Susan. in the meantime, Let's go to a different level and take the stairs.
>>
No. 690363 ID: 15720c

Since we were asked to go to the address, and that's our only reason for going there, we should take the frontal approach. If it is a trap, then Pallavi can either be right there for safety in numbers, or take a back route to sneakily assist, if necessary. How would she like to handle it?

Also, news broadcast! Pac, if you could?
>We don’t need to erase its memories, we have other ways.
>They did not try. Your PAC is as we hoped it would be.
...I suddenly wonder if they found a way to plant the sentience bug into PAC. While not military grade, he knows enough about the Peace Keepers that I suspect he would be in danger if it were found out he had sentience.
Of course, the bug shouldn't be able to be selectively transferred like that, so it's more likely they simply found that he had no reason to report anything other than that the location was clean.

>if you’re not interested in him I might… you know, ask him out if that’s okay?
...Please at least give me time to figure out what I'm doing with my life? I mean, he's fun to hang out with, but I'm still new to the station, and to interspecies life, let alone relationships, so I don't know where things will end up.
>I guess some of those newer Synth bodies are kind of hot, but I still want something organic in there…
Well, if you end up with a Synth, you could always help preogress the studies into more flesh-like upgrades.
>if you have any other friends with a lot of cybernetics…
Well, Victus was kind of the only organic friend with major cybernetics that I could see. Susan's a serpens-like synth, but completely artificial and pretty sure she isn't interested in a relationship.
Actually, playing matchmaker with any of my friends would be kind of weird, it'd be better to just introduce you all when we're off duty, right? And if things advance on your own time, then it wouldn't be so awkward!
>>
No. 690381 ID: 5ad4a7

Did Shilse have cybernetics? Or Shui? Wait, is Shilse dating Cksk, or was that a fling? I don't remember if we asked.

Anyway, if it takes a non-sapient AI to use the nanobots that way... well, the only non-sapient AI present at the crime scene was LEX. I'd say that's our main suspect now. Problem is, how do we investigate without tipping off HQ to how we got access to that information? Actually maybe you should ask PAC right away how it's keeping that Big Secret we encountered a little while ago.
...wait, what about the station AI? Sys? Would it have any access to systems in Sol Corp? After that weirdness we witnessed during the first day, it's possible it got hacked enough to be used as a weapon. On the other hand, if it somehow turned sapient, isn't it a big enough AI to have enough processing power... oh god. If the station AI turned SAI, then it could very well go Rampant like was just pointed out, and that could be why Eli was killed. Makes more sense than LEX doing it. That'd also explain some other weird events. How do we check? How do we check without alerting it and causing it to murder us?
>>
No. 690382 ID: 5ad4a7

>>690314
I don't think the Sakkilian supremacists are the culprits. They have no motive that we can see, yet. However, maybe we can lead HQ on, let the two groups busy themselves with eachother so that we can deal with other problems without them getting in the way?
>>
No. 690715 ID: 65a774
File 145131862706.png - (12.17KB , 900x450 , 41.png )
690715

>News broadcast! Pac, if you could?
:UnknownKAK: -is still investigating the death of the local CEO of Sol Corp. The current official statement is that the peace keeper doesn’t suspect foul play, instead believing it was a simply malfunction of-

>...I suddenly wonder if they found a way to plant the sentience bug into PAC.
Wait, how would that even be possible? No one even knows how exactly that bug even works!

:JourneyDREAM: Okay, see, Vitus is a good friend… great friend even… and he’s fun to be around and all that but… as I said, we’re not the same species… and it’s not really my place to say who he dates or not.
:PallaviDREAM: It’s less about what he’s allowed to do and more that I didn’t want to go behind your back… hmm… actually… say, if Vitus was a Cibic?
:JourneyDREAM: … …I don’t know… I would probably have asked him on a date?
:PallaviDREAM: I see…
:JourneyDREAM: I’m kind of new to this whole… interspecies life, alright? I don’t really know how I should react to… err… and… I mean, it was just a day or two ago that I was making a list of every new species I saw and… I’ve forgotten how far I got on it, but I’m pretty sure I’ve already finished it by now.
:PallaviDREAM: Right, right… don’t worry, I’ll give you some time and space to figure these things out. Forget about me and Vitus then, and concentrate on yourself.
:JourneyDREAM: Thanks… so… any other preference other than metal? You know male, female, what?
:PallaviDREAM: Well… Male-ish… humanoid. No offence, but Uredo and Cibics just doesn’t do it for me.
:JourneyDREAM: Understandable. But… I don’t know… I guess I can introduce you to my friends and you can take it from there?
:PallaviDREAM: That would be nice… you do after all seem to have interesting friends.

:UnknownKAK: -found a counterfeit cybernetic lab in the basement. The owner of the club, Lady Decima Estania, proclaims her outrange that her own employees would do something like this behind her back. So far, the lady herself is not under suspicion of-


>You should ask PAC right away how it's keeping that Big Secret we encountered a little while ago.
:PACDREAM: What are you talking about? We went in, found nothing wrong and left?
>If it takes a non-sapient AI to use the nanobots that way... well, the only non-sapient AI present at the crime scene was LEX.
:PACDREAM: But why would LEX kill Eli? She’s the one who has complete control over it.
>...wait, what about the station AI? Sys? If it somehow turned sapient…
:PACDREAM: Sys is not built in a way that can gain sapience. It’s built of several smaller, less advance systems taking care of a lot of smaller tasks. It makes it more stable and reliable, but harder to change the tasks it can handle.

:UnknownKAK: -anti-Sai protest outside the mayor’s office. Peace keepers has been called in to defuse the situation and so far ten people has been arrested for property damage as well as one for assault. There doesn’t seem to-

>Pac who was the three groups you said had the power to shut down the emotion dampers again?
:PACDREAM: Let’s see… Sol Corp, of course… then we have the Sakkilian Ferrum Cybernetics as well as the Serpent based Selvers Artificial Neural Systems.
:PallaviDREAM: And both of those are located here?
:PACDREAM: No, SANS is located in serpent space and does all their operations from there. Some say they are simply too lazy to reach out to other parts of space.
:JourneyDREAM: And Ferrum?
:PACDREAM: They have some operation on the station, yes.
>Since Sol Corp. and by extension Eli are a competitor and they would actually benefit from Eli's death?
:PACDREAM: All three were working together, not against each other. In fact, Eli’s death would probably hurt all three companies financially.
>Didn't that Sakkilian club move away a bunch of servers? That could have been what was controlling the nanobots.
:PACDREAM: It is possible, sure.
>Maybe we can lead HQ on, let the two groups busy themselves with each other so that we can deal with other problems without them getting in the way?
:PACDREAM: How, exactly? We don’t really have any information to give that can make them focus on each other anymore than they already do.

:UnknownKAK: -and now over to sports. It’s been an eventful week for the local Scrum ball tournament-


>Oh and speaking of turning up something, those porn vids we refused to watch, did they guys who had to scan those find anything or was it just porn?
:PACDREAM: Both of the one that were retrieved didn’t show any signs of tampering.
:JourneyDREAM: Wait, two? Weren’t there three?
:PACDREAM: …yes, that is odd? Did they misplace one?

:UnknownKAK: -and we like to remind everyone that there has been scheduled rain on the surface on-


>How would Pallavi like to handle the warehouse?
:PallaviDREAM: We sneak in, of course! Like some cool secret agents on a secret mission!
:PACDREAM: …it is technically secret, as I’ve yet put it up officially.
:PallaviDREAM: Yeah! Secret agent 059 and her partner! Journey… Song of the Journey… with a license to kill!
:PACDREAM: …we don’t-
:PallaviDREAM: A girl can dream, dammit!
>Let's go to a different level and take the stairs.



:PACDREAM: Here we go. Remember, we currently do not have a warrant.
:UnknownKAK: H-hey, you!? Peace keepers!? What are you doing here? Err… you can’t just walk around here without permission!
:PACDREAM: Which means you either need to find something to give us a warrant…
:UnknownKAK: Do you have a w-warrant?
:PACDREAM: Or convince someone that has access to the warehouse to let us in… like the person right in front of us.
:JourneyDREAM: Wait, I know that guy…
>>
No. 690717 ID: a22f87

there's someone behind the guy in the warehouse.

Anyways, time to see if this guy is alright. He's in even worse shape then last time. Ask him how he hurt himself, ask if anyone is hurting him, ask why is he still working when he's as badly hurt as he is? I mean see how bad he banged up he should be able to claim workmen's comp. Hell while on that point ask why he's if out of his home? I mean he should be in bed.

I remember this guy get's uncomfortable when you ask about his health so if we play our cards right we might be able to get him to let us in just so he can get rid of us. Also do a background check on him and see what we can pull up. I feel like we should try and keep someone nearby him at all times incase someone is after him.
>>
No. 690720 ID: e34813

Pallavi, go on ahead.

Religious Figure, Erickson, you need a hospital. There's no way plaster and wooden crutches is hospital issue anymore, and if your bones aren't set correctly you could die. I told you to be more careful last time we met, didn't I? What even happened this time? ...Where did you pick up the stutter?

Look, I got a message asking us to meet here, if nobody shows up we'll leave, alright?
>>
No. 690731 ID: 15720c

>Wait, I know that guy…
Jeez, man! Stairs again? I'm starting to think you should avoid them entirely. (Might help to take off the helmet to show who we are... As much as a Cibic can to a human)
>Do you have a w-warrant?
Actually, I was asked to meet... someone. Since it was a person-to-person request, and not a person-to-officer request, no, I don't have a warrant. Could you ask around if anybody was expecting a Song of Journey?
>>
No. 690734 ID: 5ad4a7

>>690715
>LEX, motive
Well, that depends on what its priority tree is like, but if Eli had full control over it, maybe she used it to kill everyone in the room, including herself? That seems to be the most likely sequence of events, unless someone else was somehow in the room. I honestly can't think of a reason why, though (except for guilt, but we can't use that as a motive without endangering the ARCs and as a result the entire station)
Maybe we should make sure nobody flew in and out through an opened window? Were there any cameras pointing towards the outside of the building during the murders?

>video is missing
Great, someone in the department stole it and we can't even investigate that because we're off the case. I don't suppose we can perform an internal investigation? Or call Internal Affairs to report it?
>>
No. 690746 ID: 65a774
File 145134112412.png - (11.84KB , 900x450 , 42.png )
690746

>There's someone behind the guy in the warehouse.
You should indeed see someone enter the warehouse just as you came around the corner.

>Do a background check on him and see what we can pull up.
:PACDREAM: Mats Ericsson, Warehouse worker, married, no criminal record to speak of. Does, on the other hand, have a lot of time spent in medical care… in fact, he’s been admitted twice just the last few days for broken bones.
>Well, that depends on what its priority tree is like, but if Eli had full control over it, maybe she used it to kill everyone in the room, including herself?
:PACDREAM: It’s possible if LEX priorities obeying her orders over the safety of people… if only we should check the priority tree of it.
>Maybe we should make sure nobody flew in and out through an opened window?
:PACDREAM: The only thing spotted leaving that window was Eli herself.

>Religious Figure, Erickson, you need a hospital.
:UnknownKAK: Huh? Err… I guess? I mean… I was on my way to one right now… to remove the arm cask, but what does that do with you two?
:PallaviDREAM: (Religious figure?)
:JourneyDREAM: (I’m not very religious, alright?)
>Ask him how he hurt himself.
:UnknownKAK: I… err… fell down some stairs?
:JourneyDREAM: Didn’t I tell you last time we met that you would keep away from those?
:UnknownKAK: No, I mean… walked into a door?
:PallaviDREAM: …and broke your leg?
:UnknownKAK: I walked into a door and fell of a ledge… or something… err… right.

>Ask if anyone is hurting him.
:UnknownKAK: W-what!? Of course n-not! How dare you even suggest that she would… that someone would… No, n-no one is hurting me! I’m just… err… clumsy, that’s all.
>Ask why is he still working when he's as badly hurt as he is?
:UnknownKAK: Oh… err… I’m actually not on the clock and… err… I can’t take out how many sick days as I want and… err… I just needed… to… do something quick? Here?
:PallaviDREAM: Not enough sick days? That leg doesn’t look like it’ll need more than a day or two to fully heal…
:UnknownKAK: I’ve been sick a lot this year, alright? …and we need my full wage…

>Look, I got a message asking us to meet here.
:UnknownKAK: Really? Are you sure? Um… from whom?
:JourneyDREAM: I don’t know. I was actually just about to ask if you should ask around a bit.
:UnknownKAK: Oh… err… no can do… I… I just work here, see… I mean, those that use this storage don’t have anything to do with me and… err… I can’t just… walk in without… you know. I mean, I don’t even know if someone is in there right now.
:JourneyDREAM: …really?
:UnknownKAK: So… err… d-did… did you dream last night?
:JourneyDREAM:
:UnknownKAK: F-forget I said that…
>>
No. 690752 ID: 5ad4a7

...no, you didn't, did you? You haven't had a dream since you arrived. Is that weird?
Ask him who uses this storage. He knows they have nothing to do with him, what does he mean by that?

Can we do more than a simple background check on this guy? Find out who his girlfriend is. Then run a background check on them, check cameras or something... find out who's breaking his limbs.
...wait, if it's not abuse, maybe he's getting beaten up because he's late on a payment to a loan shark. That would explain why he's so nervous, because if he's seen with the police that'll just make things worse for him.
I think we should make that surprise visit to his apartment PAC said we had enough for, last time.
>>
No. 690764 ID: a22f87

ask if he dreamt last night. Ask him if he could let us in real quick, I mean I know he was on his way to the hospital but if he could let us in then we could get out of his way faster. If he can't then tell him I guess we can talk some more about his injuries, maybe find out what makes him so "accident" prone so we can brain storm ways for him to be safer. I mean getting to the warehouse was the only thing we have left for our shift but if we can't get in there I guess we'll have to help you since I'm afraid the next time I see you you'll be in a coma or something. I mean every time I've seen you you've been in worse and worse shape and no one deserves as much bad luck as you're getting.

so yeah in short make him chose between letting us in or us pestering over him and his wounds. He doesn't seem to want to talk about his injuries so hopefully he'll let us in without any fuss to avoid our questions.

Oh and PAC, can we request that someone keep an eye on this guy just incase he's to afraid to go to the police. I wasn't joking about coming across him one day and finding out he's dead.
>>
No. 690768 ID: 15720c

>So… err… d-did… did you dream last night?
Only my daydreams, actually... Don't remember any REM ones?? Well, I'm sure there's nothing unusual about that. What about you, Ericsson? Has something about your dreams been on your mind, causing your... Uh, clumsy accidents?
>>
No. 690787 ID: c43722

...Actually, now that he mentions it, did you dream last night? You didn't, did you? You're not sure... You are sure you dreamed the night before last, though; It was that late night cardboard snack induced cheesy time traveler dream.

Wait a second. When PAC first gave you the message pointing to this location it told you that this warehouse is vacant. Does that mean it's rented and just empty or that it's not rented at all? 'Cause in the latter case Mr. Ericsson shouldn't be opening it up for anybody to use. Call up the property owner and ask them if he has their permission to open this warehouse up for anybody at this time. If he doesn't then it's possible he's misusing his "skeleton key" to rent this warehouse out under the table and without his employer's knowledge; He did say "we need my full wage," which hints to personal financial woes. Or he's opening the place up for some group he sympathizes with to meet in secret... Or some group that has them under their thumb and is forcing him to. But whatever the reason, the property owner will likely want the occupants of this warehouse evicted, and since you happen to be right here you could offer to do it for them immediately.

>You should indeed see someone enter the warehouse just as you came around the corner.
And, since you're on duty, they would have been caught on video by your suit. Roll the video back and pause it to get a good look at whoever they were. You shouldn't need a warrant for that since they were on a public thoroughfare at the time and you saw them yourself.
>>
No. 690807 ID: 65a774
File 145140823218.png - (19.89KB , 900x450 , 43.png )
690807

>Roll the video back and pause it to get a good look at whoever went into the warehouse.
Human, probably male… you think. He was wearing some kind of working suit which included a helmet, so you can’t see his face, sadly.
>...Actually, now that he mentions it, did you dream last night?
Didn’t you dream about a time traveler last night? …or was it a dream about everything you touched turning into delicious cardboard? You do know that you dreamt something, alright.

>Find out who his girlfriend is.
:PACDREAM: Isa Ericsson, office worker, immigrated here four years ago… apparently, she has been tried two times for assault before coming to new horizon and meeting her husband.
>Find out who's breaking his limbs.
:PACDREAM: Sorry, but unless he personally report his injuries as something else but accidents, we don’t have the right to follow him around with cameras and the like.
>Oh and PAC, can we request that someone keep an eye on this guy just in case he's too afraid to go to the police.
:PACDREAM: I can make sure that the patrols in the area he works at and lives at will keep an eye on him.


>Ask if he dreamt last night.
:UnknownKAK: Huh? That’s no- no, never mind. Just… forget I said anything.
:JourneyDREAM: I for one dreamt about everything turning into cardboard.
:UnknownKAK: It wasn’t a-
:PallaviDREAM: I dreamt I was an astronaut hero exploring the vastness of space! To infinity and BEYOND!!!
:UnknownKAK: Just… forget it…
>Ask him who uses this storage.
:UnknownKAK: Err… I have no idea? That’s not my job to keep track of.
>When PAC first gave you the message pointing to this location it told you that this warehouse is vacant.
:UnknownKAK: It is? That… can’t be right. There has to have been some kind of mistake somewhere. I’ll check up with the main office first thing tomorrow to check it out.
>Whatever the reason, the property owner will likely want the occupants of this warehouse evicted, and since you happen to be right here you could offer to do it for them immediately.
:UnknownKAK: Oh, no, I… I need to check if they actually should be here or not first.

>Ask him if he could let us in real quick.
:UnknownKAK: What? No!
>If he can't then tell him I guess we can talk some more about his injuries, maybe find out what makes him so "accident" prone so we can brain sto-
:UnknownKAK: H-hey! Stop it! I can’t let you in and that’s final!
:PallaviDREAM: Maybe we should go talk to that wife of yours? She might know something…
:UnknownKAK: … …f-fine, I’ll let you in… just… be quick, alright? Err… I just need to make a quick call first…
:JourneyDREAM: …PAC?
:PACDREAM: No warrant, no listening in on others phone calls.
:UnknownKAK: Alright, come with me, then.



:UnknownKAK: See, there’s nothing here.
:PallaviDREAM: Wait… what happened to the guy who entered when we came?
:PACDREAM: No one has left the building, so he should be in here still.
:JourneyDREAM: What’s in the boxes?
:UnknownKAK: That’s not for me to know…
:PallaviDREAM: Can you open them up?
:UnknownKAK: What? No, of course not! I can’t go behind our clients back like that!
:PACDREAM: Hmm… I’m picking up strange sounds… but I can’t place where exactly they are originating from…
>>
No. 690817 ID: a22f87

might be coming from the pipes. I mean the fans right above you look like they'er connected to the pipes and if whatever is making that noise is near an opening to the pipes it could carry it. Either that or the giant red cargo containers or one of the many boxes. I guess we just wander until we find the source of the noise.
>>
No. 690824 ID: 5ad4a7

>>690807
I think the "did you dream last night" thing was a codephrase. You were supposed to reply in a certain way. Like "We all dream." This is likely a pro-SAI hideout or something like that.

Keep looking around. The noise should get louder or softer based on position, which would let us triangulate its source.

It's probably one of the storage boxes.
>>
No. 690869 ID: 65a774
File 145148392111.png - (19.72KB , 900x450 , 44.png )
690869

>I think the "did you dream last night" thing was a code phrase. This is likely a pro-SAI hideout or something like that.
…that would make a lot more sense than him just asking it out of the blue. Hmm… if they are pro-SAI, you have to wonder if they are connected with the ARCs?

>Keep looking around. The noise should get louder or softer based on position, which would let us triangulate its source.
:JourneyDREAM: Pallavi, cover the exits while I scout ahead for that sound.
:PallaviDREAM: Roger that, boss. Anyone who tries to run will get a taste of my shock rifle.



:PACDREAM: It’s coming from the rightmost container… there’s definitely someone in there.
:PallaviDREAM: Time to open it up?
:UnknownKAK: H-hey, you can’t j-
:JourneyDREAM: Considering that the container is locked, there might be someone trapped in there! We need to open it up to check.
:PACDREAM: Warrant granted, Officer.
:JourneyDREAM: Right. Cover me while I open this, Pavi.
:PallaviDREAM: I’m ready.
:JourneyDREAM: 3… 2… 1…
>>
No. 690870 ID: 65a774
File 145148393060.png - (20.92KB , 900x450 , 45.png )
690870

*Clir*…
:JourneyDREAM: W-whoa! Junk!
:PallaviDREAM: We got a runner!
>>
No. 690871 ID: 65a774
File 145148393971.png - (19.93KB , 900x450 , 46.png )
690871

*Zap!*
:PallaviDREAM: Target is neutralized. I repeat, target is down.
:UnknownKAK: W-wha? Y-you can’t j-just shoot people, y-you maniacs!?
:PallaviDREAM: Don’t worry, sir, these are non-lethal weapons. He’ll simply wake up in about thirty minutes no worse to wear.
:UnknownKAK: S-still…
:JourneyDREAM: So… what do we have here? A container full of robot parts and tools? And a human that tried to run? Hmm…
>>
No. 690885 ID: 15720c

>Y-you can’t j-just shoot people
To be fair, that beam was absurdly giant.
>He’ll simply wake up in about thirty minutes no worse to wear.
Well, he wouldn't have a way to know if you were truly Peace Keepers, so him running when people start breaking "Illegally" into things would make sense... We need to talk to him once he wakes up.
>>
No. 690890 ID: fd93cf

Sheesh the rifle can shoot a big laser of awesomeness, but kinda weak for something huge if a person will wake up in thirty minutes.
>>
No. 690893 ID: a22f87

ok then, try to secure the area and the runner. have your partner stand on over watch while you cuff the runner and give the container a quick look. Is anything in there stolen, illegal, you know that kind of thing. Then let's see if we can't remove the helmet from the runner. If we find anything that looks like trouble or is just plain illegal we should probably call for backup but right now it seems we have things under control.
>>
No. 690900 ID: 65a774
File 145150358506.png - (21.68KB , 900x450 , 47.png )
690900

>Sheesh the rifle can shoot a big laser of awesomeness, but kinda weak for something huge if a person will wake up in thirty minutes.
Well, you can knock someone out for up to 12 hours with it… and it works on most things that aren’t up-to-date military hardware… sure, it will be overkill for most things we’re supposed to meet, but it never hurts to be prepared.

>Secure the area.
:PallaviDREAM: Area secure, boss, no other hazards or people found.
:UnknownKAK: Err… but I really-
:PallaviDREAM: Your doctor appointment is more than two hours away, we’ve already checked. So you’re staying right here, Ericsson.
>Give the container a quick look.
:PACDREAM: Scanning… robot parts… two half-finished humanoid robots… tools to build new bodies… tools to destroy most of a robot body… tools to transfer an SAI to a new body? Interesting.
>Is anything in there stolen, illegal, you know that kind of thing.
:PACDREAM: Not exactly, no… though some of these parts were constructed with Sol Corp specifications…
:JourneyDREAM: Wait… so you mean someone built these parts using those factory parts we’re looking for?
:PACDREAM: Correct… sadly, the factory parts themselves are not here… and as it isn’t illegal to own the robot parts themselves…

>cuff the runner.
:JourneyDREAM: You have the right to remain silent!
:PallaviDREAM: Err… I don’t think he can hear you.
:PACDREAM: And you’ve clearly seen too much telly. We don’t even read those rights… not to speak of that you’re supposed to read those rights when you’re interrogating someone, no arresting.
:JourneyDREAM: I just always wanted to say that.
>Then let's see if we can't remove the helmet from the runner.
:JourneyDREAM: Alright… let seem who’s hiding behind the mask… wait… Jidai?
:PallaviDREAM: …who? Do you know him?
:JourneyDREAM: Y-yeah… he’s a friend… well, friend of a friend… I do hope Shui isn’t involved with this too…

>We need to talk to him once he wakes up.
:JidaiDREAM: Ugh…
:PallaviDREAM: He’s waking up… you might want to prepare what you tell him.
:JourneyDREAM: Wait, already?
:PACDREAM: Empting that container did take some time, Jo.
:PallaviDREAM: And I might have had my Shock rifle set on 15 minutes instead of 30… sorry…
>>
No. 690901 ID: fd93cf

*you had one job, ONE, JOB*
>>
No. 690903 ID: a22f87

so Jidai, two quick questions. why where you hiding in that container and why did you run? Also a third question, where you the one who sent me the message to meet someone here or no?
>>
No. 690905 ID: e34813

That robot leg looks familiar, doesn't it?

Okay, we're doing interrogation, NOW read him his rights.

PAC, are there even grounds for arrest here?
>>
No. 690908 ID: 15720c

>and as it isn’t illegal to own the robot parts themselves…
(Good, this guy might have wanted us here and simply panicked.)
>wait… Jidai?
Man, you gave me a real scare, Jidai. I thought you were one of the crazies I seem to keep running into. Thankfully, the only possible crime here is using a supposedly vacant container, but, you said there must have been some error in the records sharing, Ericsson? I mean, if that's the case, then I guess it's best to just meet up once I'm off duty and talk as friends. I know how the uniform makes you uneasy.
>>
No. 690948 ID: 65a774
File 145157559866.png - (21.88KB , 900x450 , 48.png )
690948

>We're doing interrogation, NOW read him his rights.
:PACDREAM: He has the right to remain silent, but he doesn’t have the right to be told that he does.
>That robot leg looks familiar, doesn't it?
:JourneyDREAM: …PAC… don’t tell me that is a…
:PACDREAM: Scanning complete. That is indeed a leg belonging to an ARC unit.
>PAC, are there even grounds for arrest here?
:PACDREAM: While there isn’t enough to prove any illegal activities yet, there is enough for us to suspect that unregistered SAI body swapping has been done here, which is illegal… not to mention what that ARC leg implies. So yes, there is enough for an arrest of Jidai here.
:JourneyDREAM: Well, crap.
:PACDREAM: And I have to remind you that trying to move military hardware into unregistered bodies is a very serious crime… especially concerning SAI hardware…
:JourneyDREAM: Double crap.


:JidaiDREAM: Ugh… where am I?
:JourneyDREAM: Jidai?
:JidaiDREAM: AAAH!!! I’M SORRY! I DIDN’T DO IT!!
:JourneyDREAM: You’re cuffed and tendered to the floor. There’s no point in trying to r-
:JidaiDREAM: POLICE BRUTALITY!
:JourneyDREAM: Calm dow-
:JidaiDREAM: I DON’T WANT TO DIE! PLEASE!!!
:JourneyDREAM: CALM DOWN, Dammit! We just want to ask you a few questions!
:JidaiDREAM: I don’t want… to… *sob*…
:JourneyDREAM: Just… answer our questions and everything will be fine…
:JidaiDREAM: *sob* I… I…

>Why where you hiding in that container?
:JidaiDREAM: I-I know what y-your kind does to those y-you think are c-criminals…
>why did you run?
:JidaiDREAM: y-you were g-g-going to shoot me…
>where you the one who sent me the message to meet someone here?
:JidaiDREAM: …wha? I… I d-didn’t send any message…

:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… really?
:JidaiDREAM: A-am I f-free to go?
:JourneyDREAM: Actually, you’re under arre-
:JidaiDREAM: OH GOD, YOU’RE GOING TO MURDER ME AND DUMP MY BODY, AREN’T YOU!?
:JourneyDREAM: *Sigh*
>>
No. 690950 ID: fd93cf

Give him liquid shushing with a tentacle. Has to be slooooooow and effective.
>>
No. 690966 ID: a22f87

Jidai, we're not going to hurt you. All we want to know is why you're here and why you were hiding in a create full of robot parts, some which are military, and with SAI body swapping tools. If you don't want to go to jail please tell us everything you know about the create. It can only help your case to do so since right now all the signs are pointing to you owning all of these things. If you help us here what will most likely happen is you'll get a slap on the wrist and probably be back at the pub before the day is through. If you don't help us then we're going to have to hold you while we conduct an investigation and figure things out for ourselves. So please help us help you.

Try and talk to him in a soothing voice, he did come from a world where "law enforcement" basically dragged you out back and put a bullet in you just because they felt like doing something. We're going to have to tread lightly here.
>>
No. 691007 ID: 5ad4a7

>>690948
Well if there ARE corrupt police in the department then he might be in some danger, maybe? I doubt they're that brazen though. Let's not even consider the possibility for now.
Speaking of corrupt police, try to contact the Chief to find out if he can investigate the missing holodisk in your stead. Also, again, are there Internal Affairs you can contact if we get evidence of real corruption?

Tell Jidai if he fully cooperates and tells you how all these robot parts got here, no harm will come to him. (It's not a threat, but he'll read it like one and that'll likely make him spill the info)
>>
No. 691021 ID: 65a774
File 145160984544.png - (21.77KB , 900x450 , 49.png )
691021

>If there ARE corrupt police in the department then he might be in some danger, maybe?
You’re pretty sure even if they were super corrupted monsters, they wouldn’t waste time on someone like Jidai.
>Speaking of corrupt police, try to contact the Chief to find out if she can investigate the missing holodisk in your stead.
:PACDREAM: She’s already on it. In fact, she’s found out that only two of them were ever registered as evidence at HQ, so she’s looking into that. What is peculiar, though, is that you’re supposed to be the most likely suspect of misplacing it, yet… you’re at the moment not under investigation.

>Give him liquid shushing with a tentacle.
:JidaiDREAM: MMMFFF!!!
>Jidai, we're not going to hurt you.
:JidaiDREAM: MMFFF!! MFFHFHFM!!!!!
:JourneyDREAM: If you promise not to scream, I’ll remove the tentacle… agreed?
:JidaiDREAM: MMMFFFHFHFHF!!!!!
:JourneyDREAM: …I take that as a no.
>Tell Jidai if he fully cooperates and tells you how all these robot parts got here, no harm will come to him.
:JidaiDREAM: MFFFF!!!!! MFMFHFHHF!!!!

>Please help us help you.
:JourneyDREAM: Jidai, listen, if you don’t talk all this might fall on you… and I know you’re not the boss here. If you tell me the truth there might just be a slap on the wrist for you after all this… but if you don’t…
:JidaiDREAM: Mff?
:JourneyDREAM: Finally willing to talk? Then let’s hear it.
:JidaiDREAM: I-I don’t know… there was some plant guy and… err… I was just supposed help make some bodies and… err… I-I don’t know!
:PallaviDREAM: Plant guy? An Uredo?
:JidaiDREAM: Y-yeah… with an artificial eye… I-I can’t remember his name b-but… we… err… they were supposed to f-free SAIs from slavery… t-that’s all… w-we’re not bad guys!
:JourneyDREAM: Uh huh…

:UnknownKAK: C-can I go now? I didn’t have anything to do with any of this…
:PallaviDREAM: Actually, you’re under suspicion as well…
:UnknownKAK: I CAN’T GO TO JAIL!! SHE’LL KILL ME!!!
:JidaiDREAM: THEY’LL KILL US ALL!!! POLICE BRUTALITY!! I KNEW KORAT WAS FULL OF SHIT!!!
:JourneyDREAM: :PallaviDREAM: *Sigh*
>>
No. 691022 ID: fd93cf

It's time........ ACTIVATE THE PIMP SLAP.
>>
No. 691023 ID: e34813

>SHE’LL KILL ME!!!
Hear that PAC? Anything we can do now?

Who's Korat?
>>
No. 691025 ID: 5ad4a7

Wait, who's Korat? Ask. Also, I think we've seen an Uredo with an artificial eye... at the bar. Talking to a fancy-looking Cibic. Ask which eye it was, and what he was wearing. See if we can match the description via PAC.

Also, if we're the most likely suspect for misplacing the disk, maybe... we did? How did we hand over the disks? Are we SURE all three were there, or did we make a mistake and leave one at the apartment?
>>
No. 691031 ID: a22f87

ask when was the last time he saw the plant guy and how how often he came around here. If it's the same guy who attacked the two of you then you got more shit to pin on him... and more questions to ask.

Anyways, as for Jidai, ask him if he was forced into doing this or if he did it of his own free will, at any time while working for the "plant guy" did he feel like he was in danger and if so from what and why, lastly did he ever talk to the plant guy and if so can he tell us what was said?

After that let him know he's going to be taken back to HQ. Let him know that all that is going to happen is they are going to ask a few more questions, in the presents of a lawyer (and if he doesn't have one we know a guy), and then he'll maybe spend the night and be let go in the morning if he had nothing to do with this. Ask him not to try and run away as that will be seen as fleeing form and officer and could actually get him into some real trouble with a fine and a possible jail sentence. Ask him to please answer all the questions honestly and without scream so it will go by quicker and he can go home sooner. Let him know he's going to be fine and no one is going to hurt him.

As for the other guy, seriously buddy, if you don't tell us who's beating the shit out of you we might have to take you into protective custody just so you don't wind up dead. I haven't even been here for more then a week and I've seen you go form just a black eye to damn near a full body cast.
>>
No. 691045 ID: 43f843

Remove helmet. "Jidai. It's me, Jo. Your friend? Trust me. 'They' are preoccupied. They aren't going to hurt you. I'll make sure of it."
>>
No. 691083 ID: 65a774
File 145166163804.png - (21.63KB , 900x450 , 50.png )
691083

>I think we've seen an Uredo with an artificial eye... at the bar. Talking to a fancy-looking Cibic.
Thinking back, you did see an Uredo with an artificial eye talking to… wait, what was his name? Dreamer of Freedom? He was a Cibic officer in the force, at least… and a jerk.
>Hear that PAC? Anything we can do now?
:PACDREAM: I’ll send someone over to talk to his wife… and keep an eye on him personally. Unless we find any solid proof, there’s nothing we can really do, sadly… that is, unless he admit that he’s being abused.

>ACTIVATE THE PIMP SLAP.
:PACDREAM: Configuring assets… Pimp hand loading completed… all systems are ready to go.
:JourneyDREAM: PIMP HAND, ACTIVATE!
:JidaiDREAM: Huh? Pi-
:JourneyDREAM: BY THE POWER OF PIMP!
*Slap!*
:JidaiDREAM: Ow…
:PallaivDREAM: That… that was awesome…

>Wait, who's Korat?
:JidaiDREAM: Um… plant guy, I think? He never u-used his real name…
:PACDREAM: Can’t find any Uredo named Korat…
>Ask which eye it was, and what he was wearing.
:JidaiDREAM: Um… I don’t know? Those eyestalks of theirs keeps changing place so… um… and he wore some kind of suit, I guess? I think?
>Ask when the last time he saw the plant guy was and how often he came around here.
:JidaiDREAM: Oh… um… he never comes around here… h-he… err… makes things run s-smoothly from somewhere else… I don’t know…

>Ask him if he was forced into doing this or if he did it of his own free will.
:JidaiDREAM: I… I just wanted to save some SAIs from s-slavery, alright? Is t-that to bad?
>After that let him know he's going to be taken back to HQ.
:JidaiDREAM: W-what!? No, t-they’ll-
:JourneyDREAM: Jidai, look at me. I’m your friend, right? I’ll make sure they take good care of you. They’ll just want to ask you a few questions, nothing more… hopefully you’ll be free to go tomorrow morning. Same goes for you Ericsson.
:UnknownKAK: …r-right… I guess there’s no other option…
:JidaiDREAM: I’ll… c-come quietly…
:PallaviDREAM: There should be a Peace Keeper tram arriving soon to take them away…
:PACDREAM: ETA, half a minute.



:PACDREAM: Good work, Officers.
:PallaviDREAM: I guess we found… something? I mean, there has been an ARC here…
:PACDREAM: We need to find this Korat, but we can’t do anything before we get more information from Jidai. Meanwhile… well, you’ve done all your tasks for today, so you’re free to quit a few hours early. Unless there’s another lead you want to follow?
:JourneyDREAM: I… don’t think we currently have any other leads, do we?
:PallaviDREAM: You can’t forget your date tonight with that cute Sakkilian boy.
:JourneyDREAM: For the last time, not a date… nor a lead.
>>
No. 691092 ID: a22f87

well not related to the case can PAC let us know what happens to these to when anything important comes up? jidai Because I think it might be a good idea to send one of his friends to pick him up so he doesn't freak and the other guy (did we ever get his name) so we know when he's free so we can go near him or have someone follow him to make sure his wife doesn't actually kill him or beat him up any more.

Other then that I guess we could drag Pallavi to see some of our friends and see if any strike her fancy. I mean we might not be looking for love but that doesn't mean we can't play match maker... just warn her about the love conga line if she does find someone she like though so she hopefully doesn't become a part of it.
>>
No. 691177 ID: c44cd6

>not a date… nor a lead.
And if there were a lead, it would be me, not him.
>>
No. 694162 ID: 65a774
File 145289868771.png - (30.81KB , 900x450 , 51.png )
694162

>And if there were a lead, it would be me, not him.
:PallaviDREAM: Well, that’s a given.
:JourneyDREAM: …what are you implying?
:PallaviDREAM: Oh, nothing.
>PAC let us know what happens to these two when anything important comes upp?
:PACDREAM: I’ll keep you updated, officer.
>Have someone follow him to make sure his wife doesn't actually kill him or beat him up any more.
:PACDREAM: If you want, you can do a house call after he’s released.

>Other than that I guess we could drag Pallavi to see some of our friends and see if any strike her fancy.
:PallaviDREAM: Well, it would be fun to meet some new people, sure, but let me get out of this uniform and clean up a bit first.
:JourneyDREAM: I probably need a shower too, thinking about it…
:PallaviDREAM: Seeing as we were let off early today anyway, meet you in an hour or two?
:JourneyDREAM: Sure.



:JourneyDREAM: Ah, finally, a nice date with the hydrochamber… Hmm… maybe I should run one of those perfumed cycles? Smelling a bit nicer wouldn’t hurt, would it?
:PACDREAM: For your date?
:JourneyDREAM: It’s not a date! And I didn’t ask you!
:PACDREAM: You did explicitly ask a question and as I’m the only one here…
:JourneyDREAM: I was talking to myself.
:PACDREAM: Well, if you’re dying to find someone to talk to, I’ve got good news. It seems like Shilse just came and knocked on your door.
:JourneyDREAM: What? Now? Isn’t she still supposed to be at work?
:PACDREAM: Oh? She wants to be let in without informing you? It doesn’t seem she knows you’re already home.
:JourneyDREAM: …wait, why?
:PACDREAM: She said she wants to return something she borrowed from you… a… BTL?
:JourneyDREAM: …wait…
:PACDREAM: She’s also saying that it was already broken when she got it and if you can’t get this covered on the insurance she’ll help you pay it off, she promise.
:JourneyDREAM: …wait, back up… BTL? Broken? What?
>>
No. 694166 ID: a22f87

>>694162
...are we going to get blamed for this... and how the hell did she get her hands on that thing in the first place? It was in the room safe! (sigh) sure let her in but we're having words, mostly just asking what happened when she tried watch it and how she even got it in the first place.
>>
No. 694177 ID: 5ad4a7

>>694162
God damn it Shilse. I thought we had put that in a safe place! I can't believe we handed them over without checking to make sure all three were there.

Go ask her for more details. Broken how? Then I guess you'll have to tell her she's in serious trouble, but at least it'll be easier to find what was hidden, now that we know which of the three has the data.
>>
No. 694690 ID: c43722

Before you jump to the conclusion that Shilse somehow got her hands on the missing third porn BTL do remember that you also rented the BTL "Tour Around the Roon System" (which you never did get around to using and need to return today before you're charged a late fee.) It's much, much more likely that she borrowed the BTL you rented and it was either already broken or she accidentally broke it than the missing porn BTL somehow got out of your secure evidence locker into her hands. But even with it being so likely you have to check to be sure it's so.

Tell PAC to let Shilse in, silently set the lock on the front door once it closes (so she can't just bolt when you confront her) and also set the lock on your bedroom door so she doesn't walk in on you naked while you hurry up and throw some clothes on. That done you can step out and confront Shilse and based on which BTL she has either somewhat scold her for borrowing your things without your permission or take her into custody to question her about just how she got that BTL. And if it's the latter make sure that PAC checks that the BTL serial number matches the one recorded earlier when you took it into evidence.

Go back over your memory of when Shilse was in your apartment and try to figure out when she could have taken the BTL. Also ask PAC to check your front door's logs of when Shilse or anybody else besides yourself entered your place.
>>
No. 694840 ID: 65a774
File 145307385141.png - (28.57KB , 900x450 , 52.png )
694840

>Go back over your memory of when Shilse was in your apartment and try to figure out when she could have taken the BTL.
:PACDREAM: She was her yesterday, remember? With Vitus and Shui? I will go through all the footage I have from then, if you like.
>Also ask PAC to check your front door's logs of when Shilse or anybody else besides yourself entered your place.
:PACDREAM: No one has left or entered that door while you haven’t been present.
>Do remember that you also rented the BTL "Tour Around the Roon System" (which you never did get around to using and need to return today before you're charged a late fee.)
:PACDREAM: Actually, I’ve already taken the liberty to send it back to Embracer of Harmony as the time limit ended a few hours ago. I wasn’t able to find the correct box for it though, but Harmony were willing to ignore that, as it easy to synth another one of those.
:JourneyDREAM: Wait… I never removed that thing from the box, did I?

>Tell PAC to let Shilse in, silently set the lock on the front door once it closes.
:PACDREAM: She’s in.
:JourneyDREAM: Let me just get dressed real quick.
>Then confront her.
:ShilseDREAM: JO!? Y-you’re home!?
:JourneyDREAM: I was able to get off early today… so… what is this about a BTL you stole from me?
:ShilseDREAM: It was an a-accident, I swear! I didn’t mean to- I mean-
:JourneyDREAM: *sigh* From the beginning, Shilse… How and what did you take? …and why?
:ShilseDREAM: Um… see… yesterday, when we were here and… err… you know… I was out in your hall alone for a while and… err… found this open BTL box under the table there and… um…
:JourneyDREAM: You just stole it?
:ShilseDREAM: N-no no, it’s not like that… um… I just picked it up and… err… it was just some boring space voyage thing?
:JourneyDREAM: …wait, if it was boring, why-
:ShilseDREAM: I’m coming to that… um… as I said, it was open and… um… inside it there was this really… err… there was an adult BTL about hivers and egg laying and stuff?
:JourneyDREAM: …I think that were one of the evidence BTL I took, yes… but why were it in the Space BTL box?
:ShilseDREAM: Um… I don’t know?
:JourneyDREAM: And why did you steal it?
:ShilseDREAM: I didn’t mean to, I just… see, Vitus came in right as I was looking at it and I panicked, thinking he would think I brought it or that I was searching through your private stuff so I… um… pocketed it and… kind of forgot it was there?
:JourneyDREAM: …so you accidently stole it?
:ShilseDREAM: I didn’t mean to steal it… and… um… when I notice it this morning I thought… what the hell, I can at least try it or something?
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm…

>Go ask her for more details. Broken how?
:ShilseDREAM: A few seconds after it started, it just… um… crashed, showing of a bunch of numbers, text and… pictures of robots, I think? It was hard to see as there was so much and it went by so fast…
:JourneyDREAM: Really?
:PACDREAM: That could be the information we’re looking for… and seeing at it seems to be easy to access I might be able to read it.
:JourneyDREAM: Well, good, then you-
:PACDREAM: But I’ll need to access it through you, Jo.
:JourneyDREAM: That’s not such-
:PACDREAM: While you play it through a BTL driver capable of hosting several people at once.
:JounreyDREAM: I… um… don’t have one of those…
>I guess you'll have to tell her she's in serious trouble.
:ShilseDREAM: W-what!? B-but- I d-didn’t mean to- I- I- I’m sorry, I d-d-didn’t- p-please!
:PACDREAM: Going through the footage it seems like she’s been telling the truth, Jo… so it’s your call on what to do with her.
>>
No. 694842 ID: a22f87

well give that back please, work is kinda pissed at me since they think I took evidence from a case. As for a punishment, you must come with me when I introduce everyone to a friend from work. I was going to do this anyways so in short I'm a little annoyed but as long as you don't take my things without asking again I'll let this slide. Honestly if it was work related I probably wouldn't have even cared.
>>
No. 694843 ID: 5ad4a7

>>694840
I'm not sure what the legal area is around accidental theft, especially considering she returned it. Go by the book, but if you can let her off the hook, do so, as far as legal charges are concerned. She still has to repay you for being nosy, though.

It being in the wrong box makes me wonder... was it ALWAYS in the wrong box? Maybe you picked up the matching BTL by complete coincidence. ...or maybe Embracer of Harmony accidentally switched the cases? Or switched the cases on purpose?

Anyway, um... doesn't someone we know have one of those? Was it... Vitus? You could just call around asking.
>>
No. 694845 ID: a22f87

>>694842
>Honestly if it was
*wasn't
I meant to say wasn't work related
>>
No. 694967 ID: 15720c

>W-what!? B-but- I d-didn’t mean to- I- I- I’m sorry, I d-d-didn’t- p-please!
I don't mean legal trouble or anything, I'm just disappointed in you.

Who would have a BTL for multiple people? ...Tell me we don't have to get into that sex cult to play a sex BTL now.
>>
No. 696158 ID: 65a774
File 145339293439.png - (41.34KB , 686x526 , 26.png )
696158

>Who would have a BTL for multiple people? ...Tell me we don't have to get into that sex cult to play a sex BTL now.
There’s no way you’re going to join those… “interesting” people.
>Anyway, um... doesn't someone we know have one of those? Was it... Vitus?
…Vitus did indeed have some kind of rig built into his chest… it should be what PAC is looking for but… forcing him to play a porno for you seems a bit… weird. Of course, you’re pretty sure most SAIs are capable of hosting multiple ports inside them… but that would also be kind of weird asking someone asexual to play a porno for you…

>It being in the wrong box makes me wonder... was it ALWAYS in the wrong box?
…but why would it be in the wrong box? Wasn’t someone supposed to pick those BTLs up to gain access to the information? Hiding it in the wrong box would just make it harder for the informant to pick it up.
>Maybe you picked up the matching BTL by complete coincidence. ...or maybe Embracer of Harmony switched the cases?
…wait, why would Embracer switch the cases? How would it be connected to all this? Hmm… did it want me to play it myself or…?

>Go by the book.
:PACDREAM: If you want to press charges against her, we might get her arrested and jailed for a few days at most.
:ShilseDREAM: H-hey, it was and ac-
:PACDREAM: Or if you’re feeling really cruel, you can arrest her for tampering with evidence, netting her at least a year of either community service or outright commitment to a rehabilitation center.
:ShilseDREAM: W-what!? N-no, p-please!
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… tempting…
>But if you can let her off the hook, do so, as far as legal charges are concerned.
:JourneyDREAM: But I guess I won’t press charges.
:ShilseDREAM: Whew…
:JourneyDREAM: But I’m still very disappointed in you.
:ShilseDREAM: It was an accident! I didn’t mean too! I… um… I’ll make it up to you, I promise!
:JourneyDREAM: You better. You can start with gathering everyone togheter so we-

:PACDREAM: Jo, most people are still at work for another hour or so… and besides, you are not going to meet up with Pallavi until then anyway.
:JourneyDREAM: Oh, right…
:PACDREAM: In fact, the only one home right now would be Vitus and Cib, as both are “sick” at the moment.
>>
No. 696161 ID: 5ad4a7

>>696158
I'm sure Vitus would be delighted, then disappointed when you left the sim after getting the data, rather than experiencing the porn. Cib would be annoyed, then relieved.

So go with Cib if you want to reduce awkwardness.

...wait, you CAN leave early, right? If you can't, go with Vitus.
>>
No. 696331 ID: a22f87

Oh right, off early, not use to that. Wait, then does that mean Shilse is still on the clock? Well best not hold her up then as we don't want to get her in trouble with work. Tell her you'll forgive her if she comes and hangs out with you later while you're introducing Pallavi to everyone, and not to start avoiding you because then you will actually be pissed. And thank her for actually bringing the BTL back and let her know that next time you'd appreciated it more if she just gave it back instead of trying to sneak it back into our home while we're at work.
>>
No. 696947 ID: 65a774
File 145373871334.png - (24.43KB , 900x450 , 53.png )
696947

>Wait, then does that mean Shilse is still on the clock?
:ShilseDREAM: I’ve already told you that I worked extra hard today so I should get home a bit early, didn’t I?
>Tell her you'll forgive her if she comes and hangs out with you later while you're introducing Pallavi to everyone, and not to start avoiding you because then you will actually be pissed.
:ShilseDREAM: Oh… r-right… avoiding you? Heh, w-why would you think that?
>And thank her for actually bringing the BTL back and let her know that next time you'd appreciated it more if she just gave it back instead of trying to sneak it back into our home while we're at work.
:ShilseDREAM: I just wanted… um… I mean… if you believed you’d just misplaced it and… err… you know…

>...wait, you CAN leave the sim early, right?
:PACDREAM: Of course. Why wouldn’t you? In fact, I’m sure you can be inside the sim indefinitely without… something lewd happening, especially if we replace the NPC AI with a real person.
:ShilseDREAM: Oh! I can help with that! I got experience with these things!
:PACDREAM: Err… actually-
:ShilseDREAM: I’m helping! Yay!
:PACDREAM: …if you want to...

>Go with Cib if you want to reduce awkwardness.
:CB11DREAM: Greetings, Officer… and Shilse? Can you please identify yourselves?
:ShilseDREAM: Err… you’re missing a head?
:JourneyDREAM: It’s just Jo… and did we come at a bad time?
:CB11DREAM: A bit, yes. I’m in the middle of maintenance and… as you can see; it has left me a bit blind and armless. So, it’s not an official matter you’re here for?
:JourneyDREAM: Not exactly.
:CB11DREAM: Then I hope it’s important, whatever you want, because as you can see, I’m a bit busy. After all, the only reason I let you in was because I thought you were still on the clock… So, what can I assist you with, officer.
:JourneyDREAM: Still just Jo, Cib.
>>
No. 696955 ID: a22f87

Well, I'm not on the clock the reason I came over here is kinda work related. Awhile ago I came across three BTLs that were suspected of carrying a hidden message. Long story short, one went missing while the other two didn't have anything out of the ordinary and Shilse found the third one and whatever was sneaked onto it. Problem was however that whatever was hidden on the BTL needed a more powerful system to run it, one that could support multiple people and you where one of the few people I heard about that had one.

So in summery, I was hoping you'd help me figure out what's on this damn thing before it get's lost, stolen, or whatever again. I don't need to do it now now but sooner is better then later. Oh and did your replacement hand-brain come in yet. Not sure if you got the message but we found your old one but it had some information on it that the chief thought was useful to the case so it's in evidence so we got a replacement to use in the mean time.
>>
No. 696960 ID: 5ad4a7

Sup Cib. Can we use you to watch porn?
>>
No. 707939 ID: 65a774
File 145755257495.png - (24.26KB , 900x450 , 54.png )
707939

>Did your replacement hand-brain come in yet?
:CB11DREAM: My what? …oh, right, that thing. Why, yes, someone came by just an hour ago and delivered it. Good thing too, as I would have a hard time fixing my own body like this without it. But never mind that. What can I do for you two?

>Sup Cib. Can we use you to watch porn?
:CB11DREAM:
:ShilseDREAM: Err…
:JourneyDREAM: That… that came out a bit-
:CB11DREAM: Get out.
:JourneyDREAM: Hey, just listen for a sec- what are you doing?
:CB11DREAM: I’m trying to force you to leave… um… it’s a bit hard when I don’t have any arms… or eyes…
:JourneyDREAM: Listen, Cib, it’s for work. Someone has hidden stolen data on this thing and I need someone with a BTL driver capable of hosting several people at once.
:CB11DREAM: Wait, why?
:ShilseDREAM: Her suit AI need to be able to access the porno to download whatever is hidden in it.
:CB11DREAM: …you know, I’m going to allow this. But if this is some prank written up by my sister, I swear by Null that my vengeance will be swift and merciless!
:JourneyDREAM: Take it easy, it’s not a joke.
:CB11DREAM: I will find you and put you in a non-terminating while loop of pain! If i = happiness you will crash (Null pointer exception). For (Journey == happy){ Pain(); Misery(); Despair(); }!
:ShilseDREAM: …I didn’t even understand half of that.
:JourneyDREAM: I’m more surprised you were able to actually pronounce all that.
:CB11DREAM: Let’s just get this over with…
>>
No. 707940 ID: 65a774
File 145755259447.gif - (701.45KB , 900x450 , 55.gif )
707940

:PACDREAM: Connection successful. I am searching for the data now.
:JourneyDREAM: Wait, where are we?
:PACDREAM: You are in a hub outside the main program. I thought it prudent to not actually put you inside the porno itself.
:ShilseDREAM: Aw…
:JourneyDREAM: Wait, where did my suit come from?
:PACDREAM: In here, you a represented by your own self-image. Apparently you see yourself as a police officer first and foremost. I am currently inhabiting the flying drone behind you, seeing as I do not have an self-image properly programmed.
:ShilseDREAM: Oh, so that’s why I’m naked, huh?
:PACDREAM: Censoring… not anymore.
:ShilseDREAM: Aw again…
:JourneyDREAM: So, what’s up w-
:PACDREAM: Data found… hmm… this is interesting.
:CB11DREAM: What is?

:PACDREAM: Apparently we’ve been lied to. This ROM does not contain the data we were looking for.
:JourneyDREAM: What? So we did all this for nothing?
:PACDREAM: The opposite, actually. This is bigger than what we thought. There is no data on the ARC machines themselves, but something a bit more important.
:JourneyDREAM: Don’t tell me… some kind of plans for a weapon of mass destruction or something.
:PACDREAM: Or something, yes. It’s the ARC AI… at least, instruction of how to create one. This information is at least a thousand fold more expensive then the machine data… not to speak dangerous if it gets into the wrong hands.
:JourneyDREAM: Wait, aren’t the ARC the most advance AI ever created?
:PACDREAM: According to Sol Corp, yes, which is probably why someone is trying to steal it.
:JourneyDREAM: Great…
:PACDREAM: There is another thing here too… speaking of mass destruction.
:JourneyDREAM: …I’m guessing plans for an orbital laser.
:ShilseDREAM: Oh, Oh! A rail cannon big enough to fire moons!
:CB11DREAM: Zombie virus! Come on, zombies!

:PACDREAM: … … …I think Shilse might be closes, but it’s not actually a weapon. It’s a password.
:JourneyDREAM: Wait… password? To what? And what does it have to do with colliding moons?
:PACDREAM: It’s the password to the station emergency systems shutdown… at least, Sol Corps part.
:JourneyDREAM: …still, the moons?
:PACDREAM: It is possible in theory to… well, aim the station towards the planet it is orbiting… which will result in a very big boom.
:CB11DREAM: …well, this took a turn for the worse.
:PACDREAM: Of course, that’s just one possibility. There are a lot of other functions for those codes… of course, then you need all the parts of the code, as this is only a third of it. Either way, your orders Officer.
>>
No. 707941 ID: 70f190

Great, we got what we came for and didn't have to get our feet wet, so to speak. This beats the shit out of field work.

What's with the dump truck and why was your avatar's silhouette an ARC chassis for a second there?
>>
No. 707943 ID: a22f87

Pac why did you appear as an ark robot before you settled on your drone form?

>Either way, your orders Officer.
Get this to the chief right away. Doesn't matter what the plan was to do with these codes it will not be good for anyone on this station if whoever was trying to steal it got their hands on them. Also what should we do with this disc?
>>
No. 707946 ID: 4854ef

>>707941
That's likely CIB's old self, or what he thinks of himself anyways.

Regardless we did notice that several strange glitches.. Like PAC somehow appearing to be an ARC robot before forming in.
>>
No. 707949 ID: 5ad4a7

>>707946
No, Cib is the big truck on the right. I think we just found out how the ARCs we met were able to keep PAC quiet. They moved it out, and put one of their own in the suit instead. Wait, that shouldn't be possible, isn't PAC a distributed AI? ...or maybe PAC has always been an ARC AI?
Maybe we shouldn't confront them while we're in this simulation. Could be dangerous.

>>707940
Orders... well, how about you play back what Shilse saw, but slower this time so we can see it. Hmm. If we reported this to the cops, would they take it into evidence? I feel like that would really piss off Sol Corp. Maybe we should just delete it all, and tell the station to change their password.
>>
No. 707974 ID: 65a774
File 145756995530.png - (9.25KB , 900x450 , 56.png )
707974

>What's with the dump truck?
:CB11DREAM: HEY!
:JourneyDREAM: Wait… Cib? That’s your original body?
:CB11DREAM: Why, yes, it is. Me and Susan were originally a pair of heavy lifting construction botw before we woke up.
:ShilseDREAM: Lifting? How does that thing even lift?
:CB11DREAM: It got a inbuilt crane and fork, but I guess I can really show them of because this is just some kind avatar based on the model? Or I’ve just forgotten how to actually activate that crap…
>Pac, why did you appear as an ark robot before you settled on your drone form?
:PACDREAM: I don’t know what you are talking about.

>I think we just found out how the ARCs we met were able to keep PAC quiet. They moved it out, and put one of their own in the suit instead.
Wait, how would that even…
>Wait, that shouldn't be possible, isn't PAC a distributed AI?
PAC itself is a singular AI, it’s just connected with a lot of other, identical PACs. That means it’s distributed as long as other PACs are nearby.
>...or maybe PAC has always been an ARC AI?
…but isn’t the ARC something rather new? There’s no way all PACs can be ARCs… and if it is just your PAC that is an ARC, how would they know to change just that one? You’re just a random officer, after all.

>How about you play back what Shilse saw, but slower this time so we can see it.
:PACDREAM: What she saw is probably the very data I am looking at right now. Do you really need to see it for yourself?
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… maybe not. I wouldn’t be able to make sense of it anyway.
>Hmm. If we reported this to the cops, would they take it into evidence? I feel like that would really piss off Sol Corp.
:PACDREAM: Of course it would be, Jo. That’s what evidence is for.
>Get this to the chief right away.
:PACDREAM: I’ll be able to send the info on this as soon as we leave the program.

>Also what should we do with this disc?
:PACDREAM: Send it to HQ as evidence?
>And tell the station to change their password.
:PACDREAM: It’s not that easy, sadly. Something like that would need a large majority vote of the council, including a definite yes from both the major and the only person with actual access to this part of the password.
:JourneyDREAM: Why do I get a feeling I know who that is… was…
:PACDREAM: Only the Local CEO of Sol Corp would have the authority to actually change the code… or even retrieve it in the first place.
:JourneyDREAM: Great… and it just happen that Eli was murdered today… just great… wait did you say she’s the only one who could… doesn’t that mean she’s the one who put that code there in the first place?
:PACDREAM: It is possible, yes.

>Maybe we should just delete it all.
:PACDREAM: I can delete the ARC data, but it will take a lot of time to write over all the memory used.
:CB11DREAM: You don’t need to write over everything, just a few important parts. That would make the data useless, no?
:PACDREAM: That might work, yes. But as for the password, no can do, Jo.
:JourneyDREAM: What? Why?
:PACDREAM: It’s protected against AI’s. I can’t even read it properly.
:JourneyDREAM: You can’t- how can it be protected against AI’s?
:PACDREAM: Look for yourself.
:JourneyDREAM: … … …this is just an image with two words on it… this is a simply anti-bot test!
:CB11DREAM: Oh! Those things! I hate those! Took me nearly a full year to figure those things out.
:JourneyDREAM: …seriously?
:CB11DREAM: We’re robots, Jo, we don’t comprehend the world in the same way you do.
:JourneyDREAM: But still, it’s just an image. It’s easy to see that- OW! What was that!?
:PACDREAM: Seeing as your brain is currently hooked up directly to the import, it seems that you accidently accessed the password and downloaded it.
:JourneyDREAM: Great, now I got a long string of random letters and numbers in my brain… and I usually have problems remembering six digit locker codes!
:PACDREAM: Do not fret, you’ll forget about it in a few days.
:JourneyDREAM: Never mind that, just delete the password.
:PACDREAM: I can’t do that… it is still locked up, even if you could access it for just a moment.
:JourneyDREAM: Dammit.

:PACDREAM: Now, you did give me some conflicting orders. Are you sure you want me to delete parts of the data? That would be tampering with the evidence, something that is illegal. It is possible someone might notice. And what should I do with the disc? Send it to HQ? They were looking for it, after all.
>>
No. 708004 ID: f562b1

>…but isn’t the ARC something rather new?
Could be PAC was the base for ARC programming. An ARC could then be considered a PAC by the relevant systems.
Or it could be that the presence of the ARC scripts loaded up the avatar for one when it detected an AI before it registered just what the AI was.
>>
No. 708006 ID: 5ad4a7

Oh right let's decode this binary...
>Nerddddddd
HEY!

>>707974
Ughhhhhh... On one hand, anyone getting access to this code would be very dangerous, and we're not sure we can trust police HQ yet. On the other hand, tampering with the evidence is likely to get you fired. Maybe we can deliver it personally to the Chief, warning him about how sensitive it is? If he can put it on lockdown somehow so that nobody untrustworthy can access the data, then it'll be fine.

>That means it’s distributed as long as other PACs are nearby.
How do they know they're talking to another PAC? Also, how secure is the distributed AI connection? If one node in the network is compromised, could it be used to spread new AI code into the other PACs? Like a virus?

...actually I see another possibility here. Maybe your PAC didn't even get into this simulation, and instead there's an ARC AI in the suit with control over all data transfer, which is feeding PAC false data when necessary, like right now. Your PAC is probably getting an edited version of the events taking place in the simulation, so it thinks it's in here even though it's not. The ARC AI would also be relaying PAC's communication.
Question is, when exactly did the ARC AI filter compromise your suit?
>>
No. 708007 ID: 5ad4a7

>>708004
>ARC scripts in charge of the avatar
So... the default avatar is an ARC? But then the script decided to come up with something different for some reason?
>>
No. 708009 ID: 40de6e

>That would be tampering with the evidence, something that is illegal.
Well we won't be able to expediently cover that up, so let's not.
>>
No. 708047 ID: 47c6e9

Don't tamper with the evidence and we can drop off the disk in person, in fact I highly suggest we drop the disk back off at HQ ourselves just so we can rest easy knowing it actually got there.

>I have no idea what you're talking about
Riiiiiight

>Me and Susan were originally a pair of heavy lifting construction botw before we woke up.
Wait, if we show up here in the form we see ourselves as then why do you still see yourself like that? I thought you said it was a nightmare being stuck in that body? Also when did Shilse get her clothes back?
>>
No. 708101 ID: c43722

Thinking on it, you should keep this BTL down here with you. Consider that this BTL was removed from your evidence locker by persons unknown and then left where you would probably find it and view it instead of being hidden or taken elsewhere, which means they wanted you to see it. The evidence record was also altered to show only two BTLs instead of three, and for some inexplicable reason you aren't being investigated in relation to the BTL going missing, despite you being a prime suspect. Somebody in Peacekeeper HQ doesn't want this BTL getting up there and you should heed that.

However, keeping the BTL down here will not be possible if your PAC is transmitting what you're doing, have done or will be doing with this BTL back up to Peacekeeper HQ. If its already sent up your conversation with Shilse when she returned the BTL disc then you have to take the BTL back. But if it was in off-duty privacy mode and didn't switch out of it when the missing BTL came up, well... That's convenient. Suspiciously so. You'll just have to keep the BTL out of sight of your suit while you're on-duty and word won't get up about it.

And as a extra security step in case the BTL goes a-missing, ask PAC to make binary-level copies of a few key parts of both the ARC AI and password segment files. Have it wrap them up along with their positions in the files in an encrypted archive then overwrite those parts of the original files. Once that's done, have it send you the archive and you'll wrap it up in another archive encrypted with a passkey of your own choosing, then send a copy of that archive back to your PAC. This way it'll require both your and your PAC's knowledge to decrypt the archive data needed to restore the files in the BTL, so if it is taken it'll be useless to the thief.

...Wait a second. How could PAC identify the password segment as being Sol Corp's part of the station emergency systems shutdown password when it couldn't read it? And even if PAC has a solid explanation for how it knows this file should be that password segment, there's no way to be sure the segment contained in it is legit without trying it. For all you know it could be a fake.

PAC said two of the three password segments are held by the mayor's office and Sol Corp, so what organization holds the third one, and whom in that organization has it? How is the code supposed to be stored by each of them, and how was Sol Corp supposed to keep their code safe? And where are the locations the password could be entered? You figure it has to be at a physical, hardwired terminal because exposing such a vital system to the station net would be sheer folly; No matter how secure they make it software-wise there'll be a way to crack it.

Ask PAC what other systems besides orbital stability control does the whole shutdown password would grant access to. You'd assume it'd include the station's basic life support systems, like atmo and artificial gravity and such, but what else? And does using two or one of the password segments grant access to less vital systems. Does that include accessing the aggression inhibitor emergency shutdown? What about the station power grid? Could it have caused that unexplained power outage the day after you arrived on New Horizon?

Also ask PAC that if the scenario it put forth did come to pass, could somebody else who knew all three password segments access the station emergency systems shutdown and put the station back on a orbital course around the planet? Keep this to yourself, but you think the Free ARCs want the three password segments so that they could keep New Horizon from being destroyed in order to stop their plans, and this password might have been destined for them. It would fit with the BTL also containing the ARC AI creation instructions.

>Only the Local CEO of Sol Corp would have the authority to actually change the code… or even retrieve it in the first place.
Okay, then what's Sol Corp procedure for when a Local CEO dies? Is there a acting Local CEO whom the code authority transfers to until a new full Local CEO arrives?

>and if it is just your PAC that is an ARC, how would they know to change just that one? You’re just a random officer, after all.
You were just a random officer, right up until that 'bot crashed into the roof of your tram and died in your arms. That made you a part of this mess, and that means you're getting attention from all sides, including the Free ARCs and whoever their collaborators are. As for how your suit's PAC unit could have been compromised, remember that your current Peacekeeper suit is not your original one. After your run-in with that murderous Uredo both your suit and Pallavi's were damaged and you both got replacement suits. By that point you were eyeball deep in this shit and so it's not far fetched to think the Free ARCs figured you'd cross their path at some point, so they got collaborators within the Peacekeepers to make sure you both got suits with subverted PAC AIs.

Unfortunately, unless you get your PAC AI taken apart and examined by a AI expert that knows PAC AIs you won't be able to tell how or even if it's subverted. It's possible to do, but hard. It'd require entering another dead zone on the station, to cut your PAC off from communications, then somehow hitting it with your stun baton to knock it out and taking it to be examined before it rebooted. Tough, and it'd take discreet setup, but it is doable.

Y'know, you still don't know who took this BTL out of your evidence locker and put it into the wrong case. It'd have to have been someone with access to your locker, so probably the officer who came to bring the BTLs up to HQ for forensic analysis. ...Or maybe... Maybe your own PAC unlocked your evidence locker, then moved the BTLs around using the evidence collection drone. Or, if the drone doesn't work, could your Peacekeeper suit move on its own? You know it has motor assist for the wearer, so could it move or even just crawl on its own?

Hey, wait, what happened to the case for this porno BTL? You assume it didn't make it up to forensics up in HQ 'cause an empty case would have raised questions immediately. Whoever transferred this BTL out had to have gotten rid of the case, so find the case and maybe pick up the trail?

...And you just realized that you could have rented a multi-user BTL player from the BTL rental shop and not involve Cib or Vitus in this at all. Dammit...
>>
No. 708142 ID: 65a774
File 145763447735.png - (8.35KB , 900x450 , 57.png )
708142

>Maybe your own PAC unlocked your evidence locker and then moved the BTLs around using the evidence collection drone. Or, if the drone doesn't work, could your Peacekeeper suit move on its own?
You’re not sure but… it’s possible? But why would PAC want you to find this?
>Could be PAC was the base for ARC programming. An ARC could then be considered a PAC by the relevant systems.
That’s… that’s just wrong on so many levels. The difference between ARCs and the PACs are… enormous to say the least.
>How do they know they're talking to another PAC? Also, how secure is the distributed AI connection?
You’re not sure how exactly they do it, but as far as you know they are designed to be as secure as possible.

>Wait, if we show up here in the form we see ourselves as then why do you still see yourself like that? I thought you said it was a nightmare being stuck in that body?
:CB11DREAM: Just because I don’t like it, doesn’t mean I still remember how it was to be one. I guess part of my subconscious still see myself as one.
>Also when did Shilse get her clothes back?
:ShilseDREAM: Because being the only one naked is kind of rude? I mean, I just thought really hard that I had clothes and… there we go.
:CB11DREAM: Wait, you can do that? Let me just… there, much better. Oh, I feel so much lighter now.
:ShilseDREAM: …how much does those trucks things weight anyway?
:CB11DREAM: …a few tons, why?
:ShilseDREAM: You should write a dieting book! “How to lose a few tons in a few seconds”!
:CB11DREAM: Oh, ha ha, very funny.

>Don't tamper with the evidence; we won't be able to expediently cover that up.
:PACDREAM: Of course, Jo.
>Ask PAC to make binary-level copies of a few key parts of both the ARC AI and password segment files. Have it wrap them up along with their positions in the files in an encrypted archive then overwrite those parts of the original files.
:PACDREAM: That would still be considering tampering, Jo…

>How could PAC identify the password segment as being Sol Corp's part of the station emergency systems shutdown password when it couldn't read it?
:PACDREAM: Um… it was labeled as such? Of course, I have no idea if it actually is the code or not but…
>PAC said two of the three password segments are held by the mayor's office and Sol Corp, so what organization holds the third one, and whom in that organization has it?
:PACDREAM: I don’t know.
>Where are the locations the password could be entered?
:PACDREAM: I don’t know that either. Apparently you aren’t authorized to know that.

>Ask PAC what other systems besides orbital stability control does the whole shutdown password would grant access to.
:PACDREAM: All kind of life support systems, gravity, power, most of the stations systems, really. There’s even access to all emergency evacuation systems as well, just in case. The emergency system is meant to be used after an evacuation to make sure… well, that for example the station doesn’t crash into a planet, but there’s nothing stopping you from doing the reverse.
>Also ask PAC that if the scenario it put forth did come to pass, could somebody else who knew all three password segments access the station emergency systems shutdown and put the station back on an orbital course around the planet?
:PACDREAM: Of course.
>Okay, then what's Sol Corp procedure for when a Local CEO dies?
:PACDREAM: The local board of Sol Corp proceed to nominate a replacement, whom will then have to be accepted by other, off world branches of Sol Corp. This process, at least in unity space, usually take weeks as they will constantly bicker, stab each other in the back and sell each other out.
:JourneyDREAM: Weeks!?
:CB11DREAM: You’re lucky we’re not living in Sol Corp controlled space. I’ve read about the CEO change on one of their infrastructure planets. It took nearly two and a half years.
:JourneyDREAM: Why did it-
:CB11DREAM: Over 42 million died, eight cities were nuked to the stone age, about 5% of the planet is still uninhabitable and most historians consider it some kind of civil war.
:JourneyDREAM: …a few weeks is alright, I guess…

>Maybe we can deliver it personally to the Chief, warning her about how sensitive it is? If she can put it on lockdown somehow so that nobody untrustworthy can access the data, then it'll be fine.
:PACDREAM: The Chief isn’t available right now, but I’m sure she won’t mind if we keep a hold on this until tomorrow, would she? I’ll make sure the rest of HQ won’t know we have this just yet, Jo.
:JourneyDREAM: Good… hopefully this will be enough.

:PACDREAM: Oh, and don’t forget, you did promise Pallavi you would introduce her to your friends right now… and that you have dinner with Vitus in three hours.
:JourneyDREAM: Dammit, I never did shower, did I?
:CB11DREAM: Ah, so that’s why Vitus was busy tod-
:JourneyDREAM: IT’S NOT A DATE, DAMMIT!
:CB11DREAM: I… never said it was?
:JourneyDREAM: AND DAMMIT, I STILL HAVEN’T SHOWERED FOR MY DA- DINNER!
:PACDREAM: And Pallavi just arrived at your apartment.
:JourneyDREAM: I guess I-
:PACDREAM: And so did Aelia, Susan and Kasha too?
:JourneyDREAM: Wait, what are they doing there?
>>
No. 708148 ID: 5ad4a7

>>708142
I guess we better go. Maybe you can take a quick shower.
>>
No. 708150 ID: a22f87

Well guess we might as well go see our friends. Invite Cib if he'll be done putting himself back together anytime soon you'd like for him to meet your partner if he can. If not thank him for letting you use his BTL driver, it helped alot.

Other then that drag Shilse with you so she can meet Pallavi. Oh and can you get PAC to send everyone a quick message saying you're on your way you just had to run a quick errand and will see them in a minute or two.
>>
No. 708208 ID: c43722

Thank Cib for its assistance with your case and ask if it could come over to your place in a bit so you could introduce it to your partner. On the way out send a message to your guests that you're out at the moment and you'll be back in just a few minutes. Message Vitas as well to ask if he can spare a few minutes once you get back to come over and meet your partner sans PK suit.

>Wait, what are they doing there?
Maybe they were planning to take you out for a bit of fun? Though, the timing is odd since normally you'd still be at work right now... And shouldn't all three of them be at work right now too? This is rather strange if they are supposed to still be at work.

Once you're back at your apartment immediately go into your bedroom to secure the BTL. Place it in your PK suit's evidence storage, so PAC can keep an eye on it at all times, then place tamper evident evidence tape over the storage flap; You probably have a roll of it in your suit's evidence kit. Then stuff your PK suit into your evidence locker and apply evidence tape to its door, followed by shoving your sleeping pod in front of the locker so if somebody comes in the night for it you'll be woken up by them. And finally, lock your bedroom door. Hopefully this'll be enough to keep the BTL from walking off again, and if it somehow does then there'll be evidence it did. Oh, and also deploy all your apartment's cleaner bots and dump them into a box with something heavy on the lid so they can't possibly get out and remove any potential trace evidence; You'll let 'em out after the BTL is in the Chief's hands.

Also see about getting a hermetically sealed Cibic-acid-proof container big enough to hold the BTL. If you get one of those you could use it to carry the BTL safely inside yourself while transporting it, meaning it'll be just that much harder for anybody else to get at. It'll could also come in handy for safely carrying other items later on.

>IT’S NOT A DATE, DAMMIT!
Geez, Jo. Over-defensive much? Dial it back to somewhere below 11, 'k. And apologize to Cib for your overreaction; It was because seemingly everybody you mentioned it to before kept going on that it was a date and was getting on your nerves.

>AND DAMMIT, I STILL HAVEN’T SHOWERED FOR MY DA- DINNER!
Hey, don't freak out. You have three hours, not three minutes. You can still get a shower in before your dinner, you just won't be daisy-fresh for introducing Pallavi to your friends. Just set an alarm on your comm implant to go off 20 to 30 minutes before you're to meet Vitus and you'll have plenty of time for a refreshing shower and to dress.
>>
No. 708211 ID: 5ad4a7

...what if this is part of the whole "keep your friends safe from the mysterious threat" thing?

You should probably call up Pallavi to ask what's up.
>>
No. 708276 ID: 65a774
File 145771061895.png - (59.90KB , 686x526 , 58.png )
708276

>Maybe they were planning to take you out for a bit of fun? Though, the timing is odd since normally you'd still be at work right now... And shouldn't all three of them be at work right now too?
Actually, the current work shift ended ten minutes ago. It just took longer than expected to hook up to Cib’s BTL driver.
>See about getting a hermetically sealed Cibic-acid-proof container big enough to hold the BTL.
You might have something like that lying around… somewhere…
>Hey, don't freak out. You have three hours, not three minutes. Just set an alarm on your comm implant to go off 20 to 30 minutes before you're to meet Vitus and you'll have plenty of time for a refreshing shower and to dress.
Okay, no need to panic… but will 30 minutes be enough? You need to shower, find something fitting to wear, pretty yourself up a bit… err…

>Apologize to Cib for your overreaction; It was because seemingly everybody you mentioned it to before kept going on that it was a date and was getting on your nerves.
:CB11DREAM: No need to apologize, Jo, it’s no problem.
>Invite Cib if he'll be done putting himself back together anytime soon.
:CB11DREAM: Actually, I was going to play some games online with Shui and Jidai after this.
:JourneyDREAM: Err… I think Jidai won’t be able to… never mind.
>If not thank him for letting you use his BTL driver, it helped a lot.
:CB11DREAM: Glad to help, Jo.

>You should probably call up Pallavi to ask what's up.
:PallaviDREAM: Oh, hello, Jo. What? What’s up? Well, I’m waiting for you to come home with… what I’m guessing are your friends? Are you going to come home soon?
:JourneyDREAM: In a minute.
>Message Vitus as well to ask if he can spare a few minutes once you get back to come over and meet your partner sans PK suit.
:VitusDREAM: Huh? No, err… sorry, I’m kind of busy right now. But, um… I’ll see at dinner, yeah? Yeah…
>Other than that drag Shilse with you so she can meet Pallavi.
:ShilseDREAM: H-hey, no need to actually physically drag me!
:JourneyDREAM: I’m just making sure.



:SusanDREAM: What are the chances of all of us wearing blue?
:KashaDREAM: Should we change?
:AeliaDREAM: We’re not planning on going out anywhere, are we? Oh, Jo! There you are.
:KashaDREAM: We wanted to ask you if you had a few hours.
:SusanDREAM: See, we need a fourth player and… err… you’re hanging out with Shilse?
:ShilseDREAM: Yes?
:KashaDREAM: Darn, we only needed one more…
:AeliaDREAM: And going by that human hiding behind those bushes…
:PallaviDREAM: Err… hello?
:AeliaDREAM: …I’m going to guess this is a bad time?

>Once you're back at your apartment immediately go into your bedroom to secure the BTL.
While talking to the others, you take a moment to properly secure the BTL. It should be safe for now.
>>
No. 708279 ID: 4854ef

Probably should've mentioned that Jidai is in police custody.

Also even Shilse is wearing blue, this is hilarious... Also Introduce Pallaive, and wonder why she's hiding behind the bushes. Though everyone kinda looks rather good matching in blue, like a fancy theme.
>>
No. 708319 ID: 5ad4a7

>>708276
It's a good time to meet friends!
>>
No. 708327 ID: a22f87

well actually this is kinda good, I wanted to introduce you guys to my partner, Pallavi. But what was it that you guys we're going to ask me about?

Also don't mention your dinner plans for later, since you know they'll give you crap for it. That and Aelia might take it personally since she does have feelings for Vitus.
>>
No. 708469 ID: 65a774
File 145780024260.png - (22.56KB , 900x450 , 59.png )
708469

>Probably should've mentioned that Jidai is in police custody.
You probably should, yes… but it’s… kind of hard doing so when you’re the one who arrested him and all... what with them being friends.
>Also don't mention your dinner plans for later, since you know they'll give you crap for it.
Everyone seems to be giving you crap over it… except maybe Cib.
>That and Aelia might take it personally since she does have feelings for Vitus.
First off, it’s not a date, it’s just dinner between friends… second off, Vitus is a giant xenophile, so she probably doesn’t stand a chance anyway… besides, why would she have the right to decide who you dat- have dinner with or not!?

>Actually this is kinda good, I wanted to introduce you guys to my partner, Pallavi.
:PallaviDREAM: Err… Hi?
:AeliaDREAM: Nice to meet you, Pallavi, I’m Aelia.
:KashaDREAM: Kasha.
:SusanDREAM: Pallavi? We already met, didn’t we?
:ShilseDREAM: What’s up with the dot? The one on your forehead?
:AeliaDREAM: Shilse! You don’t just-
:PallaviDREAM: Err… I don’t know… It’s kind of a tradition thing that looks neat, I guess?
>Even Shilse is wearing blue, this is hilarious…
:PallaviDREAM: …Did I wear the wrong color?
:KashaDREAM: This is getting a bit silly.
:SusanDREAM: Blue team, unite!
:JourneyDREAM: …I’m feeling a bit left out.
:AeliaDREAM: Hey, you’re the only one who is actually blue here!

>But what was it that you guys we're going to ask me about?
:AeliaDREAM: Oh, we were actually going to ask you if you wanted to join us in a girls night out… um… well, more of a girls night in, I guess?
:KashaDREAM: We were thinking of playing a bunch of 4-player games together, so we need a fourth player.
:SusanDream: And um… we’re six right now?
:JourneyDREAM: I’m sure we can find some games for six players… or we can take turns or something.
:SusanDream: Well, we were planning on an all-nighter, so do you three have time for that?
:ShilseDREAM: Sure, I got time.
:PallaviDREAM: I haven’t planned anything else today…
:JourneyDREAM: Actually, I need to go in a few hours.
:KashaDREAM: Really? Why is that?
:JourenyDREAM: Um…
:ShilseDREAM: You said you were going to have dinner with a friend, right?
:JourneyDREAM: Err… right. But enough about that, let’s have some fun while we still have time.
:AeliaDREAM: To the… whatever we’re calling my living room!
:SusanDREAM: AWAY!!

:PACDREAM: I’ll give you some privacy and go into sleep mode, Jo. Wake me up if you want anything. Do you want me to shut off your comm implant too?
:JourneyDREAM: As long as the alarm still goes off, sure.
:PACDREAM: The alarm will still go off, don’t you worry.
>>
No. 708470 ID: 65a774
File 145780025824.png - (2.49KB , 900x450 , 60.png )
708470

:AeliaDREAM: EAT RED HOT STEEL!
:PallaviDREAM: Wait, is anyone protecting the capture point?
:KashaDREAM: Considering that we just lost, I would guess no.
:SusanDREAM: Oh, it was a good game, at least.
:ShilseDREAM: Am I the only one who is getting hungry? It’s getting a bit late.
:AeliaDREAM: We did talk about ordering something, didn’t we?

It’s nearing dinner time and a bit later that you’d hoped, but even if the alarm you set went off a few minutes ago, you should still have ample of time to-

…it’s already an hour past the time you said you’d meet Vitus… shit.
>>
No. 708471 ID: 47160d

GOD DAMN IT JOURNEY, call him immediately and rush there, don't even bother changing
>>
No. 708486 ID: 973861

Leave and call him now... we might be able to salvage this.
>>
No. 708487 ID: 4854ef

Hurry! Rush to him and your date/not a date! Also apologize for your quick leaving.
>>
No. 708489 ID: 65a774
File 145781008398.png - (21.22KB , 900x450 , 61.png )
708489

>GOD DAMN IT JOURNEY!
WHY ARE THESE GAMES SO FUN!?
>Call him now... we might be able to salvage this.
He isn’t answering… he must have put his comm on private, like you did. It seems like he did try to reach you an hour ago… thrice in a row.

>Apologize for your quick leaving.
:AeliaDREAM: Huh? Oh right, you had something, didn’t you? Then don’t worry, just hurry up so you aren’t late.
>Hurry! Rush to him and your date/not a date!
Luckily, it’s literally just across the corridor… unluckily, the door seem locked and he isn’t answering the door when yo-

:VitusDREAM: W-what do you want?
:JourneyDREAM: Vitus, I-
:VitusDREAM: You’re way t-to late, Jo. The dinner I’ve slaved for hours to do is already cold… and frankly, ruined, y-yeah?
:JourneyDREAM: I… um…
>>
No. 708495 ID: 47160d

Aplogize and say that you just weren't thinking, you haven't been on a date in longer than you can really remember and you just forgot how to do so really... offer to take him out somewhere instead
>>
No. 708498 ID: e34813

>>708495
Totally not a date.

Say you're not good at apologizing either, but you're sorry anyway and you know you've been a terrible friend.
>>
No. 708512 ID: 5ad4a7

>>708489
No salvaging this. Apologize and leave. You suuuuuck.
>>
No. 708538 ID: c43722

...Oh, crap. He sounds like he's been crying. A lot. He put a lot onto this dinner, hung his hopes on it, and you dashed everything. You didn't just fuck up here, you fucked up royally. This fuck up has been crowned high monarch of fuck up land above all other fuck ups.

Tell him what you want is to come in so you can properly start to apologize to him, face to face. Whether he lets you in or not, tell him in one rapid sentence just what happened: That Aelia and friends invited you over for a girls-night-in of games, you went and turned off your comm for privacy but set an alarm for well before dinner so you'd have time to get ready, and when it went off you thought "I'll just finish this round and go" and when you finally checked the clock thinking it was only minutes later you were an hour late and you panicked and rushed over. You can't apologize enough for this. You got engrossed in a stupid fucking video game and time got away from you and you ruined his dinner he so wanted and you suck and you're a horrible friend, and, and, and... And you'll do anything to make it up to him. Anything he wants. ...Please.

If he turns you away and stops communicating at all, don't just slink off back to your apartment. Go to Aelia and tell her everything that happened with Vitus from when he first tried to ask you to dinner onwards. She knows him better than anyone else around, so she probably knows just how badly you screwed up and how bad his reaction is going to be.

After this fuck up you are never fully turning your comm off again. At most you'll turn it down to call notifications only, but never completely off.
>>
No. 708541 ID: 3bc4eb

Well this is quite the fuck up, tread carefully.
>>
No. 708550 ID: c43722

>>708538
And also make sure to make it abundantly clear you wanted to come to dinner with him and you were looking forward to it, it's just you're terrible with keeping track of time at the worse of times. You feel horrible that you missed this dinner he put so much into and you hope it won't mean the end of our relationship. You really like your relationship with him and don't want to lose it. (Even though you're unsure what to call it.)
>>
No. 708573 ID: 65a774
File 145782337515.png - (26.61KB , 900x450 , 62.png )
708573

>...Oh, crap. He sounds like he's been crying. A lot.
You don’t think it sounds like he’s been crying… but then again, you’ve never heard a Sakkilian cry in the first place… do Sakkilians even cry? Wait, didn’t you catch him crying a few days ago? You can’t remember…
>After this fuck up you are never fully turning your comm off again. At most you'll turn it down to call notifications only, but never completely off.
After all this… yeah…
>You didn't just fuck up here, you fucked up royally. This fuck up has been crowned high monarch of fuck up land above all other fuck ups.
It’s not that bad… is it?
>You suuuuuck.
…you do.
>No salvaging this. Apologize and leave.
You might be a screw up, but you aren’t a quitter!

>Tell him what you want is to come in so you can properly start to apologize to him, face to face.
:VitusDREAM: … … …Fine. Come in.
>Say you're not good at apologizing.
:VitusDREAM: …Well, you better practice then, yeah, because I’m expecting a good one…
>Tell him in one rapid sentence just what happened.
:VitusDREAM: …you FORGOT the time!?
:JourneyDREAM: I knew, it’s… just stupid. I’m stupid, alright!?
:VitusDREAM: …I guess at least you didn’t do it on purpose…
>You got engrossed in a stupid fucking video game and time got away from you and you ruined his dinner he so wanted and you suck and you're a horrible friend, and, and, and...
:VitusDREAM: …Jo… y-you’re not… don’t say that… you don’t suck…
>Offer to take him out somewhere instead.
:VitusDREAM: …I …I rather not. I’m not really in the mood to… you know, yeah?

>You'll do anything to make it up to him. Anything he wants. ...Please.
:VitusDREAM: … … …anything I want?
:JourneyDREAM: Anything you want.
:VitusDREAM: …anything, yeah?
:JourneyDREAM: Anything.
:VitusDREAM: Hmm…
:JourneyDREAM: Within reason, of course… but anything, yes.
:VitusDREAM: I’ll hold you to that. First though… I guess I might still be able to save this dinner… I mean, the [Unable to find translation] is a lost cause and [Unable to find translation] is probably not worth it but… um… give me half an hour and I might make something edible of this, yeah? Something… while not quite as good as I intended but… yeah… y-you’re still up for dinner, y-yes?
>>
No. 708575 ID: 5ad4a7

>>708573
Yep.

Did you shower yet?
>>
No. 708599 ID: 4854ef

To be fairly honest considering your diet and biology, you could likely eat whatever he has prepared regardless and still enjoy it.

That and we just gave him a blank check to do whatever he wants.. Didn't even get that shower either.

Welp, at least things can't get too worse from here.
>>
No. 708601 ID: e34813

>… don’t say that… you don’t suck…
oh-ho-ho yes you do. Remember when you barged in on him and Cib in the art house and embarrassed him in front of his friends? and again with his lawyer? and again while he was leaving the shower after you nosed through his stuff? or the time you acted in direct violation of the 'only dance with the one who brought you' rule? That Cibic was a douche, too, and you nearly got infested with nanomachines. Or the time you prick-teased him and Shui simultaneously after they were already butting heads over you! Or when you collaborated with Shui and Shilse and completely ruined his DMing experience right after you used a racial slur! Or how about the ill-conceived trek through a ghetto where he saw you extort stolen property out of an SAI!

In fact, i think the only time you've done right by him is giving him a hug, once.
>>
No. 708626 ID: 65a774
File 145783286837.png - (21.04KB , 900x450 , 63.png )
708626

>To be fairly honest considering your diet and biology, you could likely eat whatever he has prepared regardless and still enjoy it.
While true, let’s not tell him that.

:JourneyDREAM: Of course! I’m sure your dinner will still be delightful, Vitus.
:VitusDREAM: I’ll try, that I can promise, yeah?
>Did you shower yet?
:JourneyDREAM: …actually, did you say half an hour?
:VitusDREAM: I did, why?
:JourneyDREAM: I haven’t had the time to… make myself decent after work today so…
:VitusDREAM: Oh… of course. I’ll stay here and try to fix this mess… see you in half an hour?
:JourneyDREAM: See you in half an hour.

>oh-ho-ho yes you do suck. Remember when... and… or the time… or when you…
…oh frack, you really are an asshole, aren’t you? He clearly deserve someone better than you… you’re probably the worst friend he’s ever had by now. Maybe… maybe you should just leave him be and forget about him… he’s probably better off without you, after all… yeah… he probably is…
>>
No. 708627 ID: 47160d

Well regardless of that he obviously likes you so it would only do more damage to leave him
>>
No. 708646 ID: 5ad4a7

>>708626
Snap out of it, you. Go take that shower, you'll feel better.
>>
No. 708654 ID: f4e5b8

It's too late to just up and leave, he already agreed to give you another chance. Just make sure to make it all up at some point.
>>
No. 708686 ID: c43722

No, you're not an asshole, not the least because an asshole wouldn't have the self-reflection to realize their mistakes. No, it's just your self-criticism and -doubt rearing their ugly heads up after a big screw up when your mood is low and dredging up anything that can even half be considered a failing. And of those events they did dig up almost all of them were either incorrect, distorted, out-of-context, or you've already made up for them. Heck, the art space one wasn't you at all, it was Shui who barged in on Shilse and Kasha. And that hug that was the only thing you did right by Vitus? You did it after he was crying his eyes out at the little monument to his late family he made in the park, for no other reason than you saw he needed somebody to comfort him.

You do genuinely care about people and mean well, it's just that at times you're something of a derp, and at others you're a bit impulsive, and you mess up. But you feel bad after, own up to and try to make up for it. Basically, you're a person, with the flaws inherent to the condition, so don't mire yourself in your past mistakes and endeavor to be better going forward. And besides, Vitus really does like you, despite what flaws you have and the mistakes you've made, and you do quite enjoy his company as well, so abruptly breaking things off now will just turn out worse for both of you.

Now, go get yourself nice and gussied up for dinner. Take a rapid perfumed cycle in the hydro-chamber, then pick out your best outfit and jewelry to wear. Oh, and set your comm timer for thirty minutes and HEED IT this time, dammit! In fact, set timers for every five minute increment for the next thirty minutes, each with increasingly loud and obnoxious alarm sounds.
>>
No. 708740 ID: 4854ef

We just need to look up! I mean most of what we've done is harmless in the long run, heck we just tend to be scatterbrained most of the time.

Between work involving hectic murders, seeing a human fall to the ground and exploding in a gibbing mess, having exploded part of an Uredo... We've kind of had PLENTY of reasons to be scatterbrained
>>
No. 708833 ID: 65a774
File 145788294150.png - (27.39KB , 900x450 , 64.png )
708833

>Well regardless of that he obviously likes you so it would only do more damage to leave him.
…you’re already too deep in to pull out, aren’t you? This is going to get messy…
>Just make sure to make it all up at some point.
You can start by stop being such a lousy friend.
>I mean most of what we've done is harmless in the long run, heck we just tend to be scatterbrained most of the time.
Being scatterbrained isn’t an excuse to hurt someone’s feelings.
>No, you're not an asshole, not the least because an asshole wouldn't have the self-reflection to realize their mistakes.
…still…
>You do genuinely care about people and mean well, it's just that at times you're something of a derp, and at others you're a bit impulsive, and you mess up. But you feel bad after, own up to and try to make up for it. Basically, you're a person, with the flaws inherent to the condition, so don't mire yourself in your past mistakes and endeavor to be better going forward.
…people do make mistakes, don’t they?

>Go take that shower, you'll feel better.
Right, let’s clean up a bit… you’re sure that you’ll feel better afterwards.
>Then pick out your best outfit and jewelry to wear.
…and maybe you should wear something nice? You’re sure he would appreciate it.


:VitusDREAM: Ah, you’re back! Just in time to… oh…
:JourneydREAM: Oh?
:VitusDREAM: I… wasn’t expecting you looking… you look lovely, you know…
:JourneyDREAM: Thanks.
:VitusDREAM: Now I feel a bit bad wearing my everyday clothes, yeah?
:JourneyDREAM: Don’t, Vitus. You look lovely in them as well.
:VitusDREAM: You really think so? Thanks… oh, and I think I was able to salvage some of the food… um… here, try a taste. If it’s not… err… up to par we can always order something, yeah?
:JourneyDREAM: Let me at least taste it first.
>>
No. 708834 ID: 65a774
File 145788295222.png - (27.44KB , 900x450 , 65.png )
708834

:VitusDREAM: Yeah, so, what do you think? …Jo?

You can hear angels sing…
>>
No. 708835 ID: 65a774
File 145788296547.png - (5.87KB , 900x450 , 66.png )
708835

It feels like you are flying high in the air, ascending to the very heavens as a crescendo of taste washes over you. Never before has something so luscious been tasted, something so perfect. You can simply weep, as you know you will never taste heaven again.

You have tasted the face of the gods, and it was good.

:VitusDREAM: A-are you crying!? It w-was that bad!? I… I’ll just order some takeout or s-something, then…
>>
No. 708838 ID: 47160d

Scream now and then calm down and say it was delicious and that if he tries to order take out you will steal the food and eat in the hallway
>>
No. 708844 ID: e1ceb6

OMG Its better than carbord.
Scream at him and tell him you want more of this untill your belly bursts. Also tell him that you may just have fallen in love with his food.
>>
No. 708860 ID: e34813

Give a big emotional blubbering hug because you've been a terrible friend and he still does all this wonderful stuff for you.
>>
No. 708869 ID: 4854ef

Simply say: I have tasted the necter of the gods, I can see little flying sakkalian angels waiting to take me to food paradise, I can see the hidden face of some sort of food based god and I have tasted him!
>>
No. 708883 ID: a22f87

know you really feel bad for having wasted a lot of the food he put so much effort into.
>>
No. 708886 ID: c43722

Slump into Vitus as you lose the strength to stand before the wave of gustatory ecstasy crashing upon you. Embrace him wholly, this culinary miracle worker, this prophet of the gods of cuisine, and weep with joy that one so glorious would call a wretch such as you friend. Proclaim that the lunch you partook with Eli is naught but bitter ashes before the taste of this miraculous dish, this divine wonder. You feel blessed by the culinary gods to have tasted such and only wish for more unending of this heavenly dish. And then weep with great sorrow and shame as you realize that there was so much more Vitus created before, better than even this, and through your failure so much was lost. For that your offering to do anything for Vitus now feels far too small to make up for that.

Look upon the plate of divine food and restrain yourself with all your being from devouring it one crass gulp for you know such a gustatory miracle must be slowly and reverently savored and experienced in it's absolute fullness. Anything less would be a terrible insult to such wondrous cuisine. But you know if you merely touch the plate you will completely lose your resolve, and so ask Vitus to be your intermediary; To wield the fork that portions and delivers the divine unto you.

What was that old human saying you heard? "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach?" You knew what it meant, but you never experienced it's true meaning until now. At this moment you'd marry Vitus if it meant he'd deliver such culinary miracles upon you again and again.
>>
No. 708897 ID: 5ad4a7

>>708835
Ask him to marry you.
>>
No. 709152 ID: 65a774
File 145796885662.png - (24.70KB , 900x450 , 67.png )
709152

>Slump into Vitus as you lose the strength to stand before the wave of gustatory ecstasy crashing upon you. Embrace him wholly, this culinary miracle worker, this prophet of the gods of cuisine, and weep with joy that one so glorious would call a wretch such as you friend.
:VitusDREAM: -off! A-are you alright!? Jo!?
>I have tasted the nectar of the gods, I can see little flying Sakkilian angels waiting to take me to food paradise, I can see the hidden face of some sort of food based god and I have tasted him!
:VitusDREAM: … … …what?
:JourneyDREAM: Simply put, IT’S EVEN BETTER THEN FRACKING CARDBOARD!
:VitusDREAM: It’s better than… oh, right, I forgot that you’re from Uredo space.
:JourneyDREAM: What does that do with tasting perfection!
:VitusDREAM: Neither the Uredo or the Cibics are known for their culinary expertise, yeah? But I gather that you liked it?

>Tell him that you may just have fallen in love with his food.
:VitusDREAM: Err… it’s not-
:JourneyDREAM: I’m going to marry your food… and we’ll have a dozen children together… and then I’ll gobble them all up!
:VitusDREAM: This is getting a bit silly…
:JourneyDREAM: No, wait, I have an even better idea!
>Ask him to marry you.
:VitusDREAM: W-what!? You got to be joking! I’ve heard about that the way to the heart leads through the stomach, but this is ridicules!
:JourneyDREAM: I want to eat this kind of food for the rest of my life… it’s so good… mmm…
:VitusDREAM: Yeah, I’m pretty sure someone’s culinary skills aren’t enough to build a solid relationship on…
:JourneyDREAM: I want it inside me, Vitus, your big, meaty… meal.
:VitusDREAM: Err…

>Look upon the plate of divine food and restrain yourself with all your being from devouring it one crass gulp for you know such a gustatory miracle must be slowly and reverently savored and experienced in its absolute fullness. Anything less would be a terrible insult to such wondrous cuisine. But you know if you merely touch the plate you will completely lose your resolve, and so ask Vitus to be your intermediary; to wield the fork that portions and delivers the divine unto you.
:VitusDREAM: Wait, you want me to… feed you?
:JourneyDREAM: I don’t think I have the will power to not just… gobble it all up.
:VitusDREAM: …I can’t tell if you’re humoring me or… you know what, screw it. Let’s just have some fun while we enjoy this dinner, yeah?



…what are you doing? Here you are, sitting in Vitus lap while you’re eating together, listening to his artificial heartbeat. If he was a Cibic you would have been all over him, but he’s not. He’s an alien… a solid, scaly, mostly artificial alien. While you do like his personality, he’s still… different, isn’t he? And he’s so augmented… you have to wonder how much of him even is the original Vitus. No, wait, now you’re getting off track, you were supposed to ponder the implication if this interspecies relationship you have with him, not how much metal he has in him. Sure, you’ve heard that Sakkilian loves their cybernetics, but is this much the norm or is he more artificial then most Sakkilians? Hmm… wait, that’s not- where did this train of thought start anyway?

:VitusDREAM: A credit for your thoughts?
:JourneyDREAM: Huh?
:VitusDREAM: You looked really deep in thought there for a while, Jo… so, what were you thinking?
>>
No. 709175 ID: e34813

Man i don't know. I guess I'm just not used to the internal skeleton and fifty plus percent cybernetics thing. I don't even know if that's two different things or what.
>>
No. 709179 ID: f562b1

>Yeah, I’m pretty sure someone’s culinary skills aren’t enough to build a solid relationship on…
>You looked really deep in thought there for a while, Jo… so, what were you thinking?
"Sorry, it just took a moment for what you said to hit me. And what I said. I have all these conflicting thoughts from it, though."
I say, if he's willing to continue giving you chances, go for the relationship and do what you can to make it up. Messing up is about the only worry I can come up with that would make dating a bad thing, but surely you can get past that!
>>
No. 709200 ID: a22f87

>so, what were you thinking?
well since I'm leaning against you, I couldn't help but notice your cybernetics and I was wondering when you got them? And I guess why you got them as well? I mean back home cybernetics were almost unheard of outside of the basics simply because most people could simply regrow whatever limb they lost.
>>
No. 709222 ID: 4854ef

I can hear your augmented heart beat, beat, beat, and it's giving me a train of thought as to how augmented you are, how augmented others are, and all sorts of random thoughts on that topic since Cibics don't tend to go for that sort.
>>
No. 709238 ID: 5ad4a7

>>709152
Starting to calm down from the food-high. Wondering if your cybernetics are you, or not you.
>>
No. 709275 ID: 65a774
File 145799993835.png - (24.66KB , 900x450 , 68.png )
709275

>Starting to calm down from the food-high.
:VitusDREAM: Oh, I was actually going to ask you about that, yeah? Is that normal?
:JourneyDREAM: I might get a bit… um… excited when I find something tasty. It’s happen before…
:VitusDREAM: You acted more intoxicated then exited, to be honest.
:JourneyDREAM: No, no, I’m just a sucker for good food.
:VitusDREAM: Oh… good, for a second there I thought I’ve accidently given you something that’s… um… mind altering for Cibics, yeah? I did try to check most of the ingredients, but you never know with food that is alien to someone.
:JourneyDREAM: Don’t worry, Vitty, even if it was, I’m fine now.
>It just took a moment for what you said to hit me. And what I said. I have all these conflicting thoughts from it, though.
:VitusDREAM: What I said?
:JourneyDREAM: About a solid relationship.
:VitusDREAM: Oh…
:JourneyDREAM: I do really like you, Vitus, but… I don’t know how I should feel about the internal skeleton… or your solid form… or your lack of limbs… you’re an alien to me, you know.
:VitusDREAM: …yeah, I’m sure you already know how I feel for you, Jo… so it’s up to you if we keep going this path we’re on. Wait, lack of limbs?
:JourneyDREAM: I have ten limbs, not counting any limbs I can create with my outer body.
:VitusDREAM: Oh, right, I forgot that this blue body of yours is just a shell and not your real one.

>I can hear your augmented heartbeat, beat, beat, and it's giving me a train of thought as to how augmented you are, how augmented others are, and all sorts of random thoughts on that topic since Cibics don't tend to go for that sort.
:VitusDREAM: But, don’t you have cybernetics?
:JourneyDREAM: I got an arm, yes… but even then, it didn’t actually replace anything, did it?
:VitusDREAM: Point… but, yes, we Sakkilians do like our cybernetics, don’t we?
:JourneyDREAM: So… I have to ask, how much of you actually is… you know…
:VitusDREAM: Yeah, I’m not exactly sure but… I think about 70%? 65%? I’m more machine then man by now, at least. More machine than most Sakkilians.
>I was wondering when you got them? And I guess why you got them as well?
:VitusDREAM: When I was a teenager, I lost my left hand in an accident. That’s when I got my first augmentation. I instantly grew to love it, seeing as how much… better it was, so in the following years I convinced my parents to give me permission to get a few other cybernetics as well. Eyes, arm, legs… stuff like that. Then, when I came to age and could get my own cybernetics, I... well, you can guess which part a teenager like me back then would augment, right?
:JourneyDREAM: Right.
:VitusDREAM: Yeah, so that was my first real augmentation on my own… of course, I’ve upgraded it a lot since then but… um… and when I moved here, still about the same age, I just went kind of crazy. So… here we are… I usually only upgrade my things nowadays instead of getting new gear, so this is probably as metal as I’ll become.
:JourneyDREAM: Upgraded? How much junk does your… well, junk actually need? So what, it can vibrate or something?
:VitusDREAM: Vibration, expert fluid control, temperature control, size change, shape change… there’s a lot of stuff…
:JourneyDREAM: Whoa, whoa, back up a bit! Size change? Shape change!? Is that even possible? So what you’re saying, you can whip out a space ship the size of your leg?
:VitusDREAM: Heh, not exactly, yeah? The size limit is a bit less extravagant than that, in both directions. As for shape, I can’t actually decide it on my own; instead I use downloadable packages from the company who created the add-on. So I can make it in the shape of most sentient… shapes and some animal as well… and speaking of space ships, I do have to admit I do have some silly ones as well.
:JourneyDREAM: Still… it doesn’t sound plausible that you can do that with your…you know…
:VitusDREAM: But it’s true… um… wait, how did we start talking about this again? It’s not really proper table talk, is it?
:JourneyDREAM: Maybe not, no… so, speaking of changing the subject then, any ideas for how I should repay you for being late?
:VitusDREAM: Hmm… yeah, actually, no… do you have any ideas?
>>
No. 709295 ID: 5ad4a7

>>709275
Hmmm, how about you just owe him a favor, if you can't come up with anything right now.
>>
No. 709297 ID: 47160d

FUck him
>>
No. 709321 ID: 4854ef

You know this means unlike others he could uh...theoretically 'fit'.

Anyways, we did say he had a favor all that, I wonder what we could show for him or even do really.
>>
No. 709329 ID: 5ad4a7

>>709321
>he could fit
...why not ask? Is there a Cibic-shape package?
>>
No. 709417 ID: a22f87

I guess we could start by being the one to clean up the table since we did kinda let a lot of the food go to waste by being late. Other then that not a clue.
>>
No. 709677 ID: 65a774
File 145813835741.png - (26.57KB , 900x450 , 69.png )
709677

>I guess we could start by being the one to clean up the table since we did kind of let a lot of the food go to waste by being late.
:JourneyDREAM: first off, let me clean the table off.
:VitusDREAM: That’s a start, I guess… but do you even know where I keep my stuff?
:JourneyDREAM: Well… no, but you can show me?
:VitusDREAM: …I guess.
>Hmmm, how about you just owe him a favor, if you can't come up with anything right now.
:VitusDREAM: Yeah, I guess I’ll figure something out…

>You know this means unlike others he could uh...theoretically 'fit'.
… … …
>...why not ask? Is there a Cibic-shape package?
:VitusDREAM: Huh? There i-is but… I’ve never tried it. I mean, I don’t know if I can even g-get that small and… yeah… um… it’s not going to be pliable like… and… err… c-can we stop talking about m-my junk? It’s g-getting a bit embarrassing, yeah?
:JourneyDREAM: You’re the one who started it.
:VitusDREAM: Maybe, yeah, but you’re the one w-who keeps asking questions about it.
:JourneyDREAM: I still think you’re bullshitting me about the shape changing thing. It just doesn’t sound plausible to me.

>Fuck him.
:JourneyDREAM:
:VitusDREAM: *humming*
:JourneyDREAM: …you know… I think I might have an idea.
:VitusDREAM: Yeah?
:JourneyDREAM: You could… if you wanted to, order me to do something a bit… naughty?
:VitusDREAM: Err… *cough* Heh… um…
:JourneyDREAM: After all, tonight have been kind of a date, haven’t it? Maybe we could-
:VitusDREAM: I c-can’t ask you to… err… not with good conscious, anyway.
:JourneyDREAM: …what?
:VitusDREAM: It’s just… yeah, I admit that thoughts about ordering you to do something a bit… unladylike did go through my mind when I saw that dress but… um… ever since dinner, you’ve been acting odd, Jo… so… I don’t want to do something you will regret, yeah?
:JourneyDREAM: I’ve already said I’m off the food high, Vitus.
:VitusDREAM: Yet… um… I don’t know, It’s just… since we’ve met you’ve kind of been drifting between what exactly our relationship should be and now… now you’re suddenly all over me?
:JourneyDREAM: But-
:VitusDREAM: And I rather not just rush things either, yeah? It’s just… I’m sorry, Jo.

…why do you desire him even more now that he’s shot you down? …and why does your body suddenly remind you that you haven’t gotten laid in weeks and is in desperate need of release right now? Damn you, libido!
>>
No. 709678 ID: 665ed8

One cause you always want what you don't have. Two because he did it for a good reason and it makes him even better as a potential mate. Also okay he said no, let's just focus on having some normal fun then.
>>
No. 709696 ID: e34813

well at least KISS HIM YOU FOOl since he's been such a gentleman. and explain you've been acting strange because you realized you've been bad to him.
>>
No. 709706 ID: a22f87

>And I rather not just rush things either, yeah?
laugh, just laugh. After all the time you've put in just convincing everyone and yourself that Vitus was only a friend when he was trying to be something more and now that you're trying to be something more he's stone walling you. I feel that at least earns a good hearted chuckle.

Well no need to force things as the would probably just make things awkward so give him a quick peek on the cheek (can cibics even kiss?), head back home, and if your libido is still flaring, well then give yourself some release and head off to bed.
>>
No. 709716 ID: 4854ef

Well it's quite confussing for me, if you were a cibic I'd be all over you to begin with, and at the same time I don't want think I'm a bit speciesist and all. I've always felt something for you a bit, but whether that's really friendship or some sort of love is something I honestly would like to know.

But yeah the food probably did help a bit, but it's a confusing mess of feelings that seem to pop in and out when around you.
>>
No. 709725 ID: 5ad4a7

Eh, just tell him that now you know he's a good cook it makes him more attractive, enough to get over the species difference, but you'll back off if you're making him uncomfortable.
>>
No. 709756 ID: c43722

The reason you desire him even more now is because he could have taken advantage of your offer and you owing him and didn't for your sake and the sake of a lasting relationship. That shows he cares for you beyond mere physical attraction and that he's looking out for your well being. And that reinforces in your heart that he's a good person. ...And your libido is flaring up because you find someone who's caring and selfless and romantic like that sexy.

Step around him and tell him face to face he shouldn't say he's sorry, even a little. He saw you weren't thinking straight and you'd end up really regretting your offer and turned you down for your own good, and for that you're grateful. You think even higher of him for that and you're more thankful he's your friend... And you want to keep going with him wherever this relationship goes, 'cause you do like him and you do feel attraction to him in ways... But there's still other ways you're unsure and confused about.

As for why you weren't thinking straight there... It was a mess of things. Stress and worry from the cases you're on and a stressful day at work. A desire to be close to someone for comfort after a day like that. ...And, you admit, your pent up libido played a part. And that was just from before dinner. Add in the huge guilt of being late and the anguish it caused him, then being blindsided by the mind-blowing taste of his food and that you really, really like him but he's not a Cibic but does it really matter, and... Well, your mind was a jumble. And then you massively overshot your mark making that offer to him. You should have suggested something like snuggling up on the couch for the evening and watching cheesy old TV shows, not... That. Now you're feeling terribly embarrassed that you made the offer.

With a bit of warning give him a hug as thanks for dinner... And also give him a kiss... How do you kiss? You don't have lips and whatever the equivalent of a kiss is for Cibics would probably leave him with mild acid burns... Um... Just press your "face" to his and fake it? Er... Does he know how to do this?

You've just thought up a decent idea to repay him for being late: You'll take him on a classy night out, to someplace nice and fancy up above ground level. His choice of restaurant, then a museum or gallery or club or theater or wherever he wants to go to after. A right proper date. Yes, a date. You're not going to dance about denying it, it's a date. And you're fine with that.
>>
No. 710086 ID: 65a774
File 145832069475.png - (26.68KB , 900x450 , 70.png )
710086

>One cause you always want what you don't have. Two because he did it for a good reason and it makes him even better as a potential mate.
...dammit evolution!

>Step around him and tell him face to face he shouldn't say he's sorry, even a little.
:VitusDREAM: But-
:JourneyDREAM: No, Vitus, you’re right. I’m acting a bit weird and… I’m grateful you won’t allow me to do something I might regret… so thank you.
:VitusDREAM: Oh… um… I’m just trying to what’s best for the both of us, Jo.
>With a bit of warning give him a hug as thanks for dinner...
You embrace him in a deep hug… and he embraces you back.

>You've just thought up a decent idea to repay him for being late: You'll take him on a classy night out, to someplace nice and fancy up above ground level. His choice of restaurant, then a museum or gallery or club or theater or wherever he wants to go to after.
:VitusDREAM: While that does sound lovely I have to wonder… do you even know how much a restaurant above ground costs? Or what the waiting times for a table are for us lone mortals?
:JourneyDREAM: Err… Hopefully less than 24 hours and cheap?
:VitusDREAM: Nnnno, so you better aim for something a bit less classy then that.
:JourneyDREAM: Alright, how about a nice night below ground level then?
:VitusDREAM: Now that does sound like a splendid time. Now it’s just a question of when, I guess? I mean, I always have time…
:JourneyDREAM: Maybe tomorrow? Or the day after that?
:VitusDREAM: That will work. Just give me a warning a few hours before you decide to head out, yeah?
:JourneyDREAM: yeah.
>You should have suggested something like snuggling up on the couch for the evening and watching cheesy old TV shows, not... That.
:VitusDREAM: Yeah, that does sound a bit more restrained, doesn’t it?
:JourneyDREAM: I do wish that I would have brought it up first…
:VitusDREAM: So… do you want to snuggle up on the couch and watch old cheesy tv series with me?
:JourneyDREAM: …I’d love to, Vitty, I’d love to….

>KISS HIM YOU FOOL!
…wait, how does solid beings even kiss to begin with? It’s not like they can- wait, you still have that e-book about interspecies relationships, don’t you? Let’s see… Oh, their “kissing” is that odd lip thing… and… something about muscles inside their mouths?

:JourneyDREAM:
:VitusDREAM: …is something wrong?
:JourneyDREAM: …I’m trying to figure out how to kiss you.
:VitusDREAM: O-oh… err… yeah… I… um… I guess you don’t have any lips, seeing as your whole body is a mouth?
:JourneyDREAM: And I don’t have one of those weird mouth muscles.
:VitusDREAM: Weird? That’s coming from the species that rub their eyestalks together.
:JourneyDREAM: We don’t rub them! We just let them intermingle.
:VitusDREAM: Still… hmm… dammit, why doesn’t this book co- I mean, err…
:JourneyDREAM: “The Unity guide to interspecies relationships”?
:VitusDREAM: Oh, you got it too, yeah?
:JourneyDREAM: And sadly it doesn’t mention anything about Cibic kissing solid stuff…
:VitusDREAM: …I guess we have to just improvise then? I mea*BEEP* in the*BEEP* with the *BEEP* right up the *BEEP*ass*BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-
>>
No. 710087 ID: 65a774
File 145832070684.png - (30.10KB , 900x450 , 71.png )
710087

-EEEEEEEP*!!!!

:JourneyDREAM: Urgh… I’m awake… I’m… awake… ugh… my head… what did I drink last night?
:PACDREAM: Not drink, eat. You consumed some alien acids that your body wasn’t able to fully handle.
:JourneyDREAM: …wait, I got drunk off food?
:PACDREAM: Not drunk, no, but a bit more courageous, sure.
:JourneyDREAM: …Courageous? What does courage have to do with being drunk?
:PACDREAM: Alcohol is courage in liquid form, isn’t it? But no matter, it’s time to get to work, Officer.
:JourneyDREAM: Right, right…
:PACDREAM: The chief wants to see you as soon as possible. She did not sound happy at all.
:JourneYDREAM: …wait, she’s angry with me!?
:PACDREAM: I didn’t say angry, I said unhappy. Now, get out of bed or you’ll be late.
>>
No. 710088 ID: 29470b

WE NEED INFO FROM LAST NIGHT, STAT!
>>
No. 710105 ID: a22f87

so what happened after the meal last night then and where did you put that BTL, we should definitely hand that in to evidence before something else happens to it.
>>
No. 710111 ID: e34813

No breaks on the regret train! I wonder what the chief is upset about? That botched club investigation? That bodies keep landing in your lap? Lax handling of evidence? Running around outside the station airlocks? Maybe she found out about all the stuff you've been keeping under wraps? ... hmm, there's not nearly as much guilt trip material here than there was in the relationship department. Anyway, put on your uniform and your brave face.
>>
No. 710133 ID: c43722

Wait, why was your memory of Vitus starting to improvise a kiss equivalent with you interrupted by your alarm blaring? ...And why don't you remember what happened afterwards? Aw, hells, did the alien acids mess with your memory too? Was the kiss just a dream or didn't happen the way you remember? And if your recollection of that is wrong, how much before that was just a dream or you're misremembering? Things may have gone worse than you remember or they may have been okay or even better; You just don't know. You need to figure out how much of your memory of last night is accurate and what happened when you can't remember. But first things first, you have your work to deal with.

As you groggily roll out of your hibernation sphere shoot a text off to the Chief letting her know you just woke up and got her message. Write that you'll quickly wash up and eat breakfast and be on the next tram up to PKHQ. That is, unless she considers your meeting time sensitive enough to send a PK tram down for you. After sending that ask PAC to start up the food synther and have a breakfast you can eat on the go ready and waiting. And when you get into your PK suit don't forget to seal the BTL in the acid-proof container you have and swallow it. You're going to hold onto it tightly with all ten of your little Hin limbs right up until you hand it over to the Chief.

While in the hydrochamber ask PAC if those alien acids could also mess with your memory or recollection because you can't remember what happened in the latter half of last evening. Ask it what it recalls happened after turning your comm off as well as personally access your apartment door logs to check when you got back.

Send a message to Vitus telling him you wish you could have breakfast with him but the Chief has called you in for a meeting that can't wait. Also tell him that your PAC discovered that some alien acids in what you ate for dinner was the reason you were acting so... "courageous," as in "liquid courage," yesterday. Basically, you were actually intoxicated and not just high on the taste of his food. You also can't recall what happened after you tried to figure out how to kiss him, so it also messed with your memory. You don't know how much it did so you'd like him to summarize what happened at dinner and after. You'll also ask your PAC to send over the names of those alien acids are so he can specifically scan for them the next time he cooks for you.

Check in with Pallavi to ask if she was called up to meet with the Chief too, as well as ask her how things went after you left for dinner and how she liked meeting your friends. And tell her that dinner went well enough in the end that you're going to take Vitus out for a actual date tonight or tomorrow evening and if she could suggest any nice and reasonably priced restaurants you two could go to.

Have a look through the station net for guides and reviews of restaurants that do interspecies dining; Specifically ones that make food that's safe for Cibics and Sakkalians. You don't want an unwelcome repeat of last evening's "courage" while you're out. Also check what venues you two could go to on ground level that are public, free, discounted or subsidized. Even if you can't afford the restaurants up there, you two can still enjoy visiting there after dinner, even if it's to stroll through a public park. Best plan to pay for a taxi tram up instead of taking the free public one so you two don't get caught in a crowd.
>>
No. 710281 ID: 65a774
File 145840098218.png - (17.22KB , 900x450 , 72.png )
710281

>WE NEED INFO FROM LAST NIGHT, STAT!
Ugh… let’s see… you screwed up by being late to dinner… then you had a really delightful meal that apparently made you kind of drunk... followed by a promise to take Vitus out on a date today. You ended the night lying together in his couch watching old TV shows while enjoying each other’s heartbeats… oh, and then there was that awkward attempt at a kiss too…
>Aw, hells, did the alien acids mess with your memory too? Was the kiss just a dream or didn't happen the way you remember?
…No, you’re pretty sure you remember most of last night… at least, you think you do?

:JourneyDREAM: PAC, what happened last night?
:PACDREAM: I cannot tell you, officer. All I know is that you arrived home late last night, almost dancing in joy while singing some old theme song.
:JourneyDREAM: …oh, yeah… I remember that…

>Have a look through the station net for guides and reviews of restaurants that do interspecies dining; Specifically ones that make food that's safe for Cibics and Sakkilians.
While there aren’t any that specifically cater to interspecies relationships, there are many that focus on all species. There are several of them located nearby with a good score, one which even is recommended for their nice view of the planet below.
>Also check what venues you two could go to on ground level that is public, free, discounted or subsidized.
It’s seems that most museums and the like, you know, public stuff is located below ground… while there are a lot of parks and gardens above ground, several that seem rather huge considering the supposed prices up there, but that’s about it. If he wants to visit a club, museum or some theater or the like, we’ll just have to do so below ground level.

>Where did you put that BTL, we should definitely hand that in to evidence before something else happens to it.
It should still be in the evidence locker.
>when you get into your PK suit don't forget to seal the BTL in your acid-proof container and swallow it. You're going to hold onto it tightly with all ten of your little Hin limbs right up until you hand it over to the Chief.
Done and done.
>I wonder what the chief is upset about? That botched club investigation? That bodies keep landing in your lap? Lax handling of evidence? Running around outside the station airlocks? Maybe she found out about all the stuff you've been keeping under wraps?
…oh frack, you’re so fired, aren’t you!? No, no… calm down… she’s probably just… she’s just demoting you or something… she’s… going to fire you… dammit.

>As you groggily roll out of your hibernation sphere shoot a text off to the Chief letting her know you just woke up and got her message.
:PACDREAM: That will probably not be necessary. She probably just expect you to be there when your work shift starts.
>Send a message to Vitus telling him you wish you could have breakfast with him but the Chief has called you in for a meeting that can't wait.
:PACDREAM: Message sent… but you got no response it seems. He’s probably still asleep.
>Also tell him that your PAC discovered that some alien acids in what you ate for dinner were the reason you were acting so... "courageous”. Ask PAC to send over the names of those alien acids are so he can specifically scan for them the next time he cooks for you.
:PACDREAM: Task completed, officer. Message delivered.

>Check in with Pallavi to ask if she was called up to meet with the Chief too.
:PallaviDREAM: Woke up to it. Hopefully good news.
:PallaviDREAM: Ugh, h8 morns :(
:PallaviDREAM: Why do shifts starts so early?
>Ask her how things went after you left for dinner and how she liked meeting your friends.
:PallaviDREAM: It was fun.
:PallaviDREAM: u have some sweet pals. So fun last night.
:PallaviDREAM: u? Gief saucy details.
>And tell her that you're going to take Vitus out for an actual date and if she could suggest any nice and reasonably priced restaurants you two could go to.
:PallaviDREAM: Nice.
:PallaviDREAM: u + him = so cute <3
:PallaviDREAM: Wrong person to ask. Fast food gal here, not classy stuff.
:PallaviDREAM: Ask that Hiver gal, she seemed classy.
:PallaviDREAM: Shower now, see u at work.

>Anyway, put on your uniform and your brave face.
…right, here goes nothing.



:PallaviDREAM: Oh, good morning Jo!
:JourneyDREAM: Morning…
:CaptainDREAM: Ah, good, you’re both here. Right on time too.
:JourneyDREAM: Chief? What are y-
:CaptainDREAM: I’m on a very tight schedule today, so I hope we can makes this quick.
:PallaviDREAM: Oh, of course, sir… err… ma’am.
:CaptainDREAM: I’ve had some report of some… sloppy work from you two and… I’m sad to say, but the council have decided that you are not fit to continue this investigation.
:JourneyDREAM: …what? You’re demoting us!?
:CaptainDREAM: Not exactly. You’ve simply been removed from investigation duty until something a bit… simpler comes up. As of now, you two are to resume patrol duty until further notice.
:JourneyDREAM: But-
:CaptainDREAM: I’m sorry, this is the most I could do, but this decision came from above. Now, I expect you to resume your duty within the hour, understand?
:JourneyDREAM: …yes.
:CaptainDREAM: Here the information you need for your patrol route. Any additional questions?
>>
No. 710284 ID: a22f87

I found that BTL that went missing by the way, You want that?

Also if it's not to much trouble, just how sloppy did I do? You know so I can work on improving myself by not repeating past mistakes.

Anyways once we return the BTL and get our route might as well get ready for a simple day, which might not be to bad after all the shit we went through the last few days. But I'd be lying if I said I thought nothing bad will happen on our patrol today.
>>
No. 710369 ID: 5ad4a7

>>710281
Yes, like "But I was already removed from the case? Why was I removed twice?" and "Would you like a BTL full of extremely sensitive information?"
>>
No. 710379 ID: 29470b

...........wooooooooooooo...................f*** you council
>>
No. 710388 ID: 9c21a2

*sigh* That Sakkilian club, right?

ohh, that bites. Better look up what career security regulation saved your jelly-
>this decision came from above.
Oh wait that's actually super fishy. Welp, nothing to do about that but turn in the last of the evidence you gathered & move on. And assuage your partner's inevitable anger.
>>
No. 710400 ID: c43722

Dammit, you two have been sloppy at times, but you didn't think it was nearly enough that the council would get involved... But with cases as big as the ones you were on, it's not really a surprise. ...And, crap, you might know what got their ire: How you two handled that anonymous warehouse tip. Especially the part where you pimp slapped Jidai. Striking a citizen in any way is one of the big basic no-nos for Peacekeepers. Once Jidai got his wits about him and recounted that to his lawyer, that'd be the basis for him to bring a charge of police brutality. And Jidai probably clammed up at that point as well, messing with the larger investigation of illegal AI transference involving ARCs. It might even turn out that your sloppy work will result in all the evidence from that warehouse tip being thrown out as inadmissible in court.

>You’ve simply been removed from investigation duty until something a bit… simpler comes up.
Ouch... Hearing that twists the dagger that was just sunk into your pride. And you can't help but feel deeply disappointed in yourself. You had the chance to be the officer you dreamed of being, like the ones in the books you read, and you couldn't hack it. You were sloppy. You didn't follow proper protocol at times. In others you handled suspects and witnesses poorly. And still others you improperly handled evidence. You got caught up in the excitement of finally getting a big case and didn't think about how you handled it would have to stand up in court. Your sloppy work may result in the guilty going free, or worse, people being harmed or killed.

Ask the Chief what work was reported sloppy and the specifics of what was sloppy about it. After all, if you two are to improve you have to know how you fell short. (And also if the council is making things up or set you up to fail. Like, remember back at the club when that warrant came out of nowhere from high up? The one there shouldn't have been enough probable cause for? That was fishy as hell. Wanna bet it's vanished without a trace from Peacekeeper records?) If there are parts of the report that don't match with what actually happened then you should point that out to the Chief. She should know if the report doesn't line up with your memory of what happened, even if your word against the council's won't matter much.

Tell the Chief that you have something important to the case you were on for her to see, then ask your PAC to wrap up all the case info on the BTL you gathered yesterday that it was withholding and send it over to the Chief, along with uploading it to PK records. While she's skimming that, step behind the crates and turn around so the Chief doesn't have to watch you cough up the acid-proof container. Remove the BTL from it (taking extra care you don't get Cin goo on it,) then hand it over to the Chief. Explain that you felt taking this extra measure to protect this evidence was warranted due to its very high value contents and your concerns it may have "walked off" again before reaching the HQ evidence vault, as well as concerns that your secure Peacekeeper storage is not as secure as believed. Then tell her how the BTL showed back up, how it was swapped for another you rented by persons unknown and supposedly left for you to find. Said unknown must have had a way to access your evidence locker while you were out, so that leads you to think it was the officer sent to retrieve the BTLs.

Unfortunately, even though the BTL was brought back by persons unknown and supposedly left for you to find, it being removed from your evidence locker by them means the chain of custody has been broken, thus reducing its integrity as evidence. However, that was beyond your control. What may get you in trouble is involving civilians in the examination of the BTL contents and the sensitive information they heard during it, as well as using a BTL player that was not vetted and deemed clean by Peacekeeper data forensics. ...But then you have to wonder why your PAC thought it'd be fine to involve your friends and use Cib as the BTL player. That seems very peculiar.

Once you're done with the Chief, you and Pallavi should find somewhere to talk about what just happened. You have up to an hour before you're on for patrol, and after this you feel like having something to eat to calm down, so maybe the HQ canteen or a diner on the way to your patrol route. Take a look at your patrol route and see just what backwater you two have been relegated to and get going.

>Ask that Hiver gal, she seemed classy.
May as well send a message to Kasha to ask if she knows of any classy restaurants that'd be good to take a date to.
>>
No. 710402 ID: 65a774
File 145843214319.png - (18.22KB , 900x450 , 73.png )
710402

>Hearing that twists the dagger that was just sunk into your pride. And you can't help but feel deeply disappointed in yourself. You had the chance to be the officer you dreamed of being, like the ones in the books you read, and you couldn't hack it.
You blew it, didn’t you?
>Especially the part where you pimp slapped Jidai. Striking a citizen in any way is one of the big basic no-nos for Peacekeepers. Once Jidai got his wits about him and recounted that to his lawyer, that'd be the basis for him to bring a charge of police brutality.
If this was for police brutality, you’re sure there would be a lot more than lawyers involved. Besides, he was delirious when you slapped him and you have footage to prove it, so it wouldn’t probably be considered brutality anyway.
>I was already removed from the case? Why was I removed twice?
You were removed from the investigation of that private club, not the investigation into the murders and theft of the ARC stuff. At least, until now, that is.
>”this decision came from above.”? Oh wait that's actually super fishy.
…just as fishy as that warrant you got.
>May as well send a message to Kasha to ask if she knows of any classy restaurants that'd be good to take a date to.
:PACDREAM: Message sent, waiting for reply.

>Would you like a BTL full of extremely sensitive information?
:CaptainDREAM: …what? Wait, you had it all this time?
:JourneyDREAM: PAC, send her a summary of what happen, including where we found it, how and what exactly it contains.
:PACDREAM: Proceeding to send information… transfer completed.
:CaptainDREAM: This… is… is this what I think it is? The AI data?
:JourneyDREAM: Yes.
:CaptainDREAM: Then this is what it’s all about? No wonder they are so… yes… of course…
:JourneyDREAM: Here is the BTL in question… can I request that you keep a personal watch over this, captain?
:CaptainDREAM: …Officer Journey, do you understand how vital this information is?
:JourneyDREAM: …I think I do, that’s why I’m asking you to keep watch over it.
:CaptainDREAM: …Neither of you will mention the content of this BTL, that you retrieved it nor that you gave it to me, understand? That is an order that I deem utmost important.
:JourneyDREAM: I understand?
:PallaviDREAM: I understand.
:CaptainDREAM: Good, then… PAC, initiate protocol 55BD0032F56, ARC BTL.
:PACDREAM: Initiating protocol. Password?
:CaptainDREAM:
:PACDREAM: Password accepted. Voice recognition confirmed. Brain recognition confirmed.
:PACDREAM: :PACDREAM: :PACDREAM: Expunging all information of ARC BTL… complete.
:CaptainDREAM: Now, Officer, keep this whole thing under wraps and continue your inv- job. Make sure you go through the information I gave you thoroughly.
>Also if it's not too much trouble, just how sloppy did I do? You know so I can work on improving myself by not repeating past mistakes.
:CaptainDREAM: I do not have the time to berate you at the moment, in fact, I’m already late as it is. You can read my official report by the end of the week. Now, I really need to get going. Keep vigilant, officer… and good luck.
:PallaviDREAM: Captain…

…okay, you have no idea if that was a good thing or not.

>Once we return the BTL and get our route might as well get ready for a simple day, which might not be too bad after all the shit we went through the last few days.
Ugh… you were hoping that you wouldn’t have to have these “simple” days anymore after you moved here. Being on patrol is so damn boring.
>Take a look at your patrol route and see just what backwater you two have been relegated to and get going.
Let’s see… what do we have here? Apparently, the backwater part of the station you’re patrolling is… wait… this is your spire. In fact, you patrol route almost passes right outside your apartment complex. The rest of these papers documents points of interests on the route, a list of procedures that should be considered and a collection of reports from the last year documenting everything interesting that has happened there, which can be summarized as “Not very much”.

:PallaviDREAM: Wait, what is that sticky note over there?
:JourneyDREAM: “Keep up the good work. Do not let them hinder your progress. I will cover for you. -C”? Wait…
>>
No. 710404 ID: 5ad4a7

>>710402
He's saying to continue investigating, in secret. Which means you'll probably have to do it while off duty, unless you can investigate somehow during your patrol route. Or maybe the captain will claim that you're on your patrol route, even when you're not? Considering it's on your spire, then we can probably investigate within the spire without stretching the truth too much.

Is the BTL store within range? That's a lead we should follow up on- the owner put the BTL in the wrong case most likely on purpose.
>>
No. 710416 ID: 973861

So... basically we're still on the case, and only got pulled do to politics, so we're suppose to keep looking into shit, but not openly so if we find something that relates to the case we need to come up with a bullshit reason to actually investigate it, or just do it off the clock. And this way we can still look after our friends.

Well might as well ask Pallavi what she makes of this and go on our patrol. We can see what we find while we're out there and work from there.
>>
No. 710419 ID: 9c21a2

>…okay, you have no idea if that was a good thing or not.
We've either got a go ahead to continue an investigation or are being given enough rope to hang ourselves.

Okay, what political or economic bodies could give orders to the police chief? Something tells me that Sakkilian general is involved, what boards and committees does she sit on?
>>
No. 710539 ID: f562b1

>I will cover for you. -C
C? Captain? Chief? Sounds like she's actually trying to get you the chance to investigate on your own time through a "Nothing happens" patrol so that you don't even need to focus on the patrol very much. The "Higher ups" might want you off the case, but she does not.
That, or she legitimately is giving you time off as a reward for your hard work by making you patrol your own spire so you can talk with your friends (Part of a patrol is asking about recent going ons with the locals, right?). Either way, give some focus to actually performing the patrol, but if it stays lazy and calm you can spend some time putting puzzle pieces together.
>>
No. 710565 ID: c43722

Hey, don't go saying that out loud! While this landing pad is probably safe to speak on since the Chief said what she did here, you still shouldn't have read out loud what indicates the Chief's real intentions. From now on you should carefully watch what you say and do and when and where you say and do it 'cause you won't know who or what is listening or watching. This means the station camera net is no long your friend, and comms that pass over the station network should be treated as if they're being listened to or read. If you must speak with Pallavi about any of this, it'll be via short range, direct person-to-person comms with the highest level encryption you have.

Open a direct comm channel to Pallavi and ask if she picked up the gist of the note. Looks like you two are still on your old job after all. We'd best follow the Chief's orders closely and do our patrol as she wished and as written. It's vitally important now that we aren't sloppy any more, right?

If the Chief arranged for anyone or anything to help you with your under-the-radar investigation, it or they would most likely be somewhere along the patrol route she gave you. That means follow the list of procedures to the letter and pay attention to every point of interest along the way since you don't know what is important or not.

>…Neither of you will mention the content of this BTL, that you retrieved it nor that you gave it to me, understand? That is an order that I deem utmost important.
Follow the Chief's order totally, not even speaking of this to Pallavi in private. Every mention of it is another chance for it to eventually reach those who'd wish you both ill for knowing it, so don't mention it ever again.

>Now, Officer, keep this whole thing under wraps and continue your inv- job.
>inv- job.
>inv-
>inv-estigation
As if the sticky note wasn't enough to indicate the Chief wants you two to keep investigating the case against the will of the Council, her near slip of the tongue clinches it.

It's telling that the Chief printed all this on paper when normally she would have sent it electronically. It probably means she doesn't want any of it leaving a electronic trail anywhere on the station network. And that means you should be careful to not let the station cameras much of their text.

You have about an hour before you have to go on patrol, so you have time to carefully read all the documents the Chief gave you. She said to go through it thoroughly, so there's probably some clue or hint or something in there related to your investigation.

>...a collection of reports from the last year documenting everything interesting that has happened there, which can be summarized as “Not very much”.
Which were specifically included in documents the Chief told you to go through thoroughly, which makes them likely important. Skim them for events, names, places and dates and see if anything stands out. Perhaps the hapless Mr. Ericsson will show up in them as well.

When you're done looking over the documents stick them into your suit's secure storage, but when you stuff them in pull the sticky note off and stick it to the inside of the compartment. You'll have to discreetly dispose of that sticky note whenever you're sure you're in private, probably by eating it.

Since the Chief did not seem concerned about your PACs, you can reasonably assume that both yours and Pallavi's have been altered in some way so that they won't blab what you're up to with any other PAC or the Peacekeeper record system. Unfortunately you don't know if their alterations mean you can access Peacekeeper records related to your investigation via them without it raising unwanted attention higher up. You hope you can because otherwise it'll make your work much harder.

Start reading up on the Chief and see if you can get a feel for who she is and what her motivations may be. If her career started off New Horizon or outside Unity space, try to find out what she did back then, before she was under the watch of the Council and the mayor's office.
>>
No. 710634 ID: c43722

You just got a terrible sinking feeling that you just screwed up horribly. Somebody went through major trouble to not only keep that BTL from getting up to PKHQ, but to also keep it in your hands. Remember how you weren't being investigated for the missing BTL, even through you should have been a prime suspect? You'd bet that was them. And how the evidence record was changed to only show two BTLs being entered, not three? Likely them as well. And the officer in charge of collecting the BTLs they were brought in on it as well, if they were not the person doing all of the above. They did all under the misguided belief you'd check the BTL's contents and have the sense to catch on to how important they are and keep it safe and secret. And then you just completely blew it by handing it to the Chief, the person they were very likely trying to keep it away from. And it was her that they were keeping it away from and not her who was orchestrating the keep away 'cause she didn't even know you had the BTL until you handed it over! So congratulations! It takes something extraordinary to achieve this level of screw up and you excelled! Good fuckin' job, Jo... Ya dingus.
>>
No. 710644 ID: 65a774
File 145849903764.png - (57.38KB , 686x526 , 74.png )
710644

>Hey, don't go saying that out loud!
You didn’t say it out loud. You’re using the comm-system in your suit to talk to Pallavi.
>From now on you should carefully watch what you say and do and when and where you say and do it 'cause you won't know who or what is listening or watching. This means the station camera net is no long your friend, and comms that pass over the station network should be treated as if they're being listened to or read.
Right, time to watch that mouth of yours… which is hard, considering you don’t have one.
>We've either got a go ahead to continue an investigation or are being given enough rope to hang ourselves.
You’re going to bet it is both, so better make sure no one comes around and kicks the chair from under our feet.
>You'll have to discreetly dispose of that sticky note whenever you're sure you're in private, probably by eating it.
You can easily slip it into your hand without anyone seeing anything. Om nom nom, mmm paper…

>Well might as well ask Pallavi what she makes of this.
:PallaviDREAM: You know, when I sent in that request for a promotion last year, I was expecting to be solving minor things like vandalism and petty theft, not some massive murder conspiracy. This is rather heavy for a first case, you know.
>Okay, what political or economic bodies could give orders to the police chief?
:PACDREAM: The majors office, the council both high and low as well as the parliament.
:JourneyDREAM: Which is to say everyone with political power… great.
>Something tells me that Sakkilian general is involved, what boards and committees does she sit on?
:PACDREAM: She represent the Sakkilian imperial block, so while she doesn’t have direct power over the peacekeepers, she does have a lot of political power to throw around.
>Start reading up on the Chief and see if you can get a feel for who she is and what her motivations may be.
:PACDREAM: Born here, educated herself to become a peacekeeper, started working as an office cop, never been working in the field for any considerable length, was promoted to captain seven years ago. She is not a member of any political or social clubs nor is she vocal about any beliefs she might have. The only thing I can find is that she’s tries to fight unfair laws and to make the law be equal to everyone.


>We can probably investigate within the spire without stretching the truth too much.
At least the parts you’re supposed to patrol, yes.
>Is the BTL store within range? That's a lead we should follow up on.
It is in fact on the route… and it’s mentioned as a point of interest, seeing as those things are rather valuable. It’s one of the few things worth stealing in that spire, really.
>The owner put the BTL in the wrong case most likely on purpose.
You’re not sure why Harmony would even do that, but it’s worth checking up on.
>You have about an hour before you have to go on patrol, so you have time to carefully read all the documents the Chief gave you.
You find a quiet area to sit down with Pallavi to properly go through all these papers, but it seems that they mostly are just about boring thing that someone on a boring patrol might bore themselves with knowing… that is to say, nothing of any real interest. The only thing that really catches your eye is a familiar name, a Mr. Ericsson who repeatedly seems to get into accidents. In fact, there’s so many of them that he’s been put under watch to see if he’s being assaulted by someone thrice already. Of course, all three times the investigation is put on hold after they’ve concluded that he gets his wounds at home for some reason? Odd…

>Go on our patrol. We can see what we find while we're out there and work from there.
:JourneyDREAM: Ugh… so… boring… can’t… speak… normally!
:PallaviDREAM: We’ve only been patrolling for two hours, geez.
:JourneyDREAM: But it’s so booooring…
:PallaviDREAM: Well, get an audio book or something, like I did.
:JourneyDREAM: Maybe I could… anyway, here we are, the BTL store.
:ShuiDREAM: So, who would win in a fight? The Läderlapp-snake or topnotch-bush?
:EoHDREAM: Topnotch, obviously.
:ShuiDREAM: Really? I mean, I’m pretty sure-
:EoHDREAM: One of them can bend reality to its whim while the other is rich. I’m pretty sure it’s easy to see who wins this.
:ShuiDREAM: But what if läder got her hands on a piece of shamrock slab?
:EoHDREAM: Oh, please, always with the slabs…
:ShuiDREAM: Still… actually, I have to ask, don’t you have any costumers?
:EoHDREAM: It’s like nine in the morning for everyone living here. People don’t buy porn until after working hours.
:ShuiDREAM: But don’t you sell non-porn BTLs here as well?
:EoHDREAM: Something like 75% of my income comes from porn, Shui.
:ShuiDREAM: Really? That’s kind of neat.


:PACDREAM: You’ve got answers from both Vitus and Kasha, Jo.
:VitusDREAM: Don’t worry, usually skip breakfast anyway.
:VitusDREAM: What about lunch? Got time from that important investigation of yours to share it with me?
:VitusDREAM: Or is it brunch?
:VitusDREAM: Also, apparently used vegetables that weren’t good to you yesterday. Sorry for that.
:KashaDREAM: Know a ton of places.
:KashaDREAM: Just need to know what you want. Is it for family, friends or a date?
:KashaDREAM: Don’t want to send you somewhere super romantic with your mom, right?
:KashaDREAM: Or is it dad? Momdad? Parent? Stop being one gender, it’s annoying.
:KashaDREAM: Also, species involved would be nice.
>>
No. 710647 ID: 41896d
710647

Well tell her the truth, no reason to lie, and set something up with The lizard buddy sense we appear to be going for lizard number what... Four now?
>>
No. 710658 ID: 9c21a2

> Also, apparently used vegetables that weren’t good to you yesterday. Sorry for that.
I won't tell anyone your cooking is dangerous if you don't tell anyone what I did after eating it. I think I get a lunch break, I'll have to see.
> Is it for family, friends or a date?
An "it's complicated" with Vitus. Official reason is I owe him one. Truth is I owe him more than just one.

What's happening everyone?
>>
No. 710664 ID: 5ad4a7

It's a date. We said it's a date, so it's a date.

>>710644
Ask him how often he puts BTLs in the wrong case.
>>
No. 710665 ID: a22f87

>Mr. Ericsson
is his house along our patrol route? If so I say we should stop by there periodicity since we did find out that his spouse is most likely the cause of his injuries. Unless those peace keepers we sent to spy on him to make sure he's ok found something while we were doing other things. I can't remember when he was suppose to get out of jail.

>just need to know what you want.
It's for a friend/(maybe)date. Got anywhere in mind that could be romantic but not turn awkward if neither of us feel like taking the next step? Also Cibic of course and Sakkil.
Then forward whatever place she gives us to Vitus... we can take our lunch brake with him right?

>What do at the BTL store
talk to harmony and see if he has had anymore problems around the store since that robbery a few days ago.
>>
No. 710675 ID: c83439

>>710664
First, if he ever has, that way it's less accusatory.
>>
No. 710733 ID: c43722

Greet Shui and Embracer of Harmony and ask them where those characters they were talking about are from. You're always on the lookout for good new reading material, shows or movies. And ask Shui why he's hanging around here at this hour. You'd think he'd be at work right now... Oh, wait, he does field repair on robotics, right? He might be on the job right now, waiting for a repair call to come in.

You just got a hunch that the reason Shilse found the BTL under your table with the case open was because either Shui or Vitus picked it up and opened it. They saw what it was, and before they could close it somebody else walked in, causing them to drop it in a panic and it either bounced away and slid under the table or they kicked it under there to hide it. You should ask them both about it, in person, starting with Shui here.

Before you speak with Embracer of Harmony about the swapped BTLs, take Shui aside to talk privately. Ask him if he moved the BTL you had rented when he was last in your place, adding that you won't be upset with him if he did. If he says he did, then say you just want to know what happened, that's all. And if he says he didn't, then as explanation for why you asked just say it somehow ended up behind your bookcase and you got a late fee before you found it.

>You’re not sure why Harmony would even do that, but it’s worth checking up on.
Oh, but from your personal experience with it you can make a real good guess as to why: To mess with you for a laugh. It is "the frakking biggest taffer around" according to its contact info, and what you've seen of its behavior doesn't contradict its self given description at all.

Now, go lean on EoH's counter and tell it that that little prank it pulled on you was funny, but it's lucky you caught it before it got away and that you're nice enough not to report it. You just want to know why it'd risk pulling such a thing. If Embracer did swap the BTLs, this ought to be enough for it to know what you're talking about while still being vague enough that it doesn't announce it's about the BTLs. And if Embracer looks at you cockeyed and asks what the frak you're talking about, you just say it must have been somebody else who pulled that prank on you. Then mess with it by walking away without saying more to leave it wondering just what the prank was.

Message back to Vitus the veggie thing is fine. You're actually rather relieved that was the reason you were behaving so excessively forward and not that you're actually that big of a fool. Anyway, on another note: You'll have plenty of time for him away from your investigation now, given that the Chief pulled you and your partner off them. She's passed it on to more experienced officers and you two have been stuck back on boring patrol duty. (Best not to say that the Council was involved, or their allegations of shoddy work.) It was great while it lasted; The kind of thing you always dreamed of doing in the Peacekeepers. On a happier note, the Chief gave you a patrol route in this spire, so you'll be around to share a meal with him whenever he wants. Maybe he could even walk part of your route with you and keep you company. Anyway, when and where would he like to meet for brunch/lunch/whatever?

Message back to Kasha that the best fitting term is "parent." Then tell her the truth: That you're going on your first real, official date with Vitus, so you want romantic options. And ask that she please keep this to herself.

>Well, get an audio book or something, like I did.
That's a good idea. Maybe get one on the history and culture of Sakkilians so you'd have a better idea of where Vitus comes from. Or one for Throne of Games, since you haven't gotten to finishing your copy. Or perhaps listening the the station news stream would be prudent, so you can discreetly monitor for anything related to your under-the-radar investigation.

>Of course, all three times the investigation is put on hold after they’ve concluded that he gets his wounds at home for some reason? Odd…
Yes, it's very odd that his wife hasn't been hauled in already for questioning as an assault suspect just on the basis she's the only other person who's been in his home when he's been injured... Actually, was she in his home every time he was injured? Hm... Do you have enough probable cause to request a warrant for his apartment entry logs to check that out? And get some basic info on Mrs. Ericsson; Name, age, species, sex, job, picture, etc.
>>
No. 710771 ID: 65a774
File 145857859457.png - (17.16KB , 900x450 , 75.png )
710771

>Maybe get an audio book on the history and culture of Sakkilians so you'd have a better idea of where Vitus comes from.
It was easy to find some free ones on the stations libraries official site, so now you have the history of Vitus people on your implant, ready to be listened to.
>Is Mr. Ericsson’s house along our patrol route?
Almost, so it wouldn’t be hard to find a reason to pass it.
>Unless those peace keepers we sent to spy on him to make sure he's ok found something while we were doing other things. I can't remember when he was supposed to get out of jail.
:PACDREAM: The one who is supposed to “spy”, as you put it, would be the one who had the patrol close to his home, which is to say us. He will be released later today, but if you want him released earlier or later, I can probably make it so.
>Do you have enough probable cause to request a warrant for his apartment entry logs to check that out?
It should be enough for a surprise visit even, if you remember your studies correctly.
>And get some basic info on Mrs. Ericsson; Name, age, species, sex, job, picture, etc.
Johanna, 26, human, female, currently unemployed… wait, humans can have red fur? You didn’t know that.

>I won't tell anyone your cooking is dangerous if you don't tell anyone what I did after eating it.
:VitusDREAM: Ha! It is a deal!
>You'll have plenty of time for him away from your investigation now, given that the Chief pulled you and your partner off them. She's passed it on to more experienced officers and you two have been stuck back on boring patrol duty.
:VitusDREAM: That sucks.
:VitusDREAM: You seemed to enjoy your work.
:VitusDREAM: But I guess the good news that you don’t have to stress so much anymore?
>On a happier note, the Chief gave you a patrol route in this spire, so you'll be around to share a meal with him whenever he wants.
:VitusDREAM: Really? That’s awesome.
:VitusDREAM: So, lunch?
:VitusDREAM: I got time whenever, so just tell me when your lunch break and we can eat together.
:VitusDREAM: Want to eat out or do you want some more home cooking?
:VitusDREAM: I promise not to make you “Courageous” again.

>Message back to Kasha that the best fitting term is "parent."
:KashaDREAM: Yeah, yeah, parent then. Give me a break :P
>Tell her the truth, no reason to lie.
:JourneyDREAM: I got a date.
:KashaDREAM: Really? Who’s the lucky boy? ;)
:KashaDREAM: Or is it a girl?
:KashaDREAM: Thing?
:KashaDREAM: Please, go get a second gender, this is getting confusing :P
:JourneyDREAM: Actually, it’s Vitus.
:KashaDREAM: Really? So he was able to charm you then?
>And ask that she please keep this to herself.
:KashaDREAM: Already messaged everyone about it, woops!
:KashaDREAM: Just kidding ;P
:KashaDREAM: Of course I won’t spoil your night, don’t you worry.
:KashaDREAM: Now, go and make this the best night of his life.
:JourneyDREAM: You still haven’t given me a place to eat.
:KashaDREAM: Oh right, silly me :P
:KashaDREAM: I got some work to right now, but I’ll message you at lunch?


>Greet Shui and Embracer of Harmony and ask them where those characters they were talking about are from.
:EoHDREAM: Fraking hells, look who the taffers dragged in.
:ShuiDREAM: Oh, greetings Jo! …and friend?
:EoHDREAM: Almost didn’t recognize you in that chicken shit uniform of yours… must be that taffing bucket you got on your head.
:PallaviDREAM: Err…
:JourneyDREAM: Oh, don’t mind it, it is always a bit grumpy when it comes to peace keepers. So, about those characters…
:EoHDREAM: You honestly don’t know? They are just the two most fracking well known super heroes, ya taffer!
:ShuiDREAM: At least in unity space. They originated from comic books, but as today… well, they are everywhere, really. I did hear rumors that they are making a Vs. film about them right now, in fact.
:EoHDREAM: Bah! It will be shit. Every movie with Topnotch is…
>And ask Shui why he's hanging around here at this hour. You'd think he'd be at work right now...
:ShuiDREAM: There were an accident yesterday, so they’ve shut down the whole Sol Corp HQ… and seeing as my workshop just happens to be close… well, here I am, got a one day paid vacation.

>Take Shui aside to talk privately. Ask him if he moved the BTL you had rented when he was last in your place.
:ShuiDREAM: A BTL? At your place? I can’t recall every seeing one, no… sorry, but I can’t help you there.
>Now, go lean on EoH's counter and tell it that that little prank it pulled on you was funny, but it's lucky you caught it before it got away and that you're nice enough not to report it.
:EoHDREAM: Prank? What prank?
:JourneyDREAM: You know, the one with the cases?
:EoHDREAM: …as fraking fantastic it is that a taffer like you thinks I’m a shit friend, I don’t do pranks that would be needed to be reported. So I have no fraking idea what in the five hells of the abyss you are going on about, bucket head.
:JourneyDREAM: Well… sorry then, I didn’t mean to offend…
:EoHDREAM: Offend? The only thing I’m offended by is that you fraking think I would be offended, taffer.
>Ask him how often he puts BTLs in the wrong case.
:EoHDREAM: Never? That whole system is automatic… and I always make sure the right BTL is with the right bloody case before I let someone rent that shit. Why do you- is this about that caseless BTL you sent me? “Tour around the Roon system”? Look, I usually charge extra for shit like that, but we’re fraking friend, right? So it’s on me. It’s just a small synth job anyway. Now, I do hope you enjoyed the BTL.
:JourneyDREAM: Actually, I never had the time to watch it.
:EoHDREAM: That fraking sucks, eh? You know, taffer, if you want to, I can let you use it here free from charge. It’s not that long of a BTL anyway… and I got a bloody nice chair in the employee area. What do you say, bucket head?

>See if he has had any more problems around the store since that robbery a few days ago.
:EoHDREAM: Nah, we’re fine here as it is. Nothing ever really happens here after all. Except the robbery, of course.
:ShuiDREAM: Actually, you’re a cop right? I must ask, I’ve heard that Jidai was arrested yesterday, but you guys refuse to tell me why. I’m sure it’s just some misunderstanding but… I really want to give whoever arrested him a knuckle sandwich, as Jiddy is already jitty enough as it is! Err… A metaphorical knuckle sandwich, of course… I’m not going to punch a cop or anything.
>>
No. 710776 ID: a22f87

>I’ve heard that Jidai was arrested yesterday
Yeah, he should be fine. If I recall right he hide when two peace keepers where looking around an area... and found him hiding in a SAI boding swapping workshop. Nothing there was illegal but he did run when they showed up so he got nothing more then a slap on the wrist. He should get out today. If you want I can see when he's getting out so you can be there to pick him up.
>>
No. 710779 ID: 9c21a2

Check up on what's happened to Jidai & tell Shui what's happening-
>but you guys refuse to tell me why.
...-unless PAC starts beeping about department secrecy again.

Well, confess you made the arrest. Better everyone know that sooner than later. From what you can tell, Jidai may have been involved in illegal SAI body swapping involving military hardware, but it sounds like he doesn't know about that last part. He's been cooperative though, and it sounds like his heart was in the right place but he was used as a patsy.
>>
No. 710789 ID: f562b1

>I must ask, I’ve heard that Jidai was arrested yesterday, but you guys refuse to tell me why.
I can say he had good intentions, but... Well, I just wish he had taken the time to register things. PAC, how long is he currently planned to be held?
>A metaphorical knuckle sandwich, of course… I’m not going to punch a cop or anything.
Well I for one am glad I'm not getting punched today! Protocol sucks sometimes, but I can't just go off the book, especially not when I just started my job. Playing by your own rules doesn't work very well for real life officers. If I can, I'll let you know as soon as he gets released.
>>
No. 710799 ID: 5ad4a7

>>710771
>Never? That whole system is automatic
Well it happened. Ask to see his system. Is it run by an AI?
>>
No. 710870 ID: f562b1

>>710799
We don't actually know that it didn't happen from somebody else sneaking in before Shilse.
>>
No. 710874 ID: 5ad4a7

>>710870
Door use is monitored. I guess we could ask everyone that's been in the apartment though. Did we ask Vitus yet?
>>
No. 710888 ID: c43722

Sigh and tell Shui you'll take your metaphorical knuckle sandwich with metaphorical mustard and pickles; Yes, that means you're the officer that arrested Jidai. You can't say on what charges 'cause it's an ongoing investigation and there's probably good reason they won't tell him Jidai's charges. You'd likely get reprimanded if you did tell him. What you can say is you think Jidai's heart was in the right place, it's just unfortunate it wasn't on the right side of the law. Beyond that, if Shui wants to know what Jidai was charged with he'll just have to ask Jidai after his release, which should be sometime soon. If Shui wants you'll check what's going on with Jidai and let him know when Jidai's going to be released so he can meet up with him.

Now that you think about it, it's extremely unlikely that the BTLs were swapped here. See, there's only two ways you can think of that the swap could have been done here: First one is Embracer swapping the BTLs without you noticing. Second one is the automated BTL inventory system suspiciously "glitching" and putting the wrong BTLs in the cases and then Embracer either conveniently forgetting to check the right BTLs were in the cases, or checking them and not fixing it. In the first case Embracer almost certainly had to have known which BTL the stolen data was on. In the second one Embracer either knew the inventory system gliched because he caused it or was colluding with another who did, or there was a highly improbable combination of the system actually glitching and Embracer forgetting to check the contents of the BTL cases. But where the cases where it wasn't just sheer dumb luck really fall down is that the persons acting to swap the BTLs knew that there was valuable data on that porn BTL and swapped it on the very, very long odds that you'd either not open the case or open the case and not report it, and that the space BTL in the porn BTL case would not make it up to PKHQ forensics, which would result in a full blown investigation coming down on Embracer and this BTL rental shop. And at the time, you were an unknown on New Horizon, and so they would almost certainly not have trusted hiding the BTL with you.

It all really points to the BTLs not being swapped here, so you should stop asking about it because pressing the matter may lead to drawing attention onto you from those who could kick the metaphorical chair out from under you. Best drop it and look elsewhere for when, where and how the BTLs were swapped.

Ask PAC when and who or what collected the evidence from your evidence locker. Was it by a PK officer, a AI 'bot, a secure evidence courier drone or something or someone else? Also look at the interior video from the evidence locker from when you put the BTLs in and when they were taken out and see how the former was altered. And also ask PAC where it found the BTL you rented in your apartment when it went to return it; Was it in the open or under a piece of furniture like someone tried to hide it? ...And for that matter, how did PAC return the rented BTL? It doesn't have a body to carry it.

>You know, taffer, if you want to, I can let you use it here free from charge. It’s not that long of a BTL anyway… and I got a bloody nice chair in the employee area. What do you say, bucket head?
Hey, that's nice of it to offer. You'll take it up on that, with thanks. It'll have to wait 'till you're off duty, though. You got time between getting off work and taking Vitus out to dinner to come back here? And if you do, remember to set your alarm and tell Vitus where you'll be so you don't miss your date.

Message back to Vitus when your lunch break is, that you'd love some of his home cooking, and if he minds your partner Pallavi coming with you. You rather feel she could do with a genuine home cooked meal given she said her usual fare is fast food and take out. But if he'd rather lunch be just between you two, you can ask her to find someplace else to eat. If Vitus is okay with Pallavi coming, ask her if she'd like to come with you to Vitus' place later on for lunch.

>He will be released later today, but if you want him released earlier or later, I can probably make it so.
You want to arrive at Mr. Ericsson's place for your surprise visit right after he gets back home. That's when his wife would probably be most angry with him, and if she is abusing him that'd be the most likely time she'd assault him. So when would that be along your patrol route? And is there enough time to do it before lunch?

>>710799
This won't work. To get access to the automated inventory system for PAC to examine it would require a warrant, which would require sufficient probable cause, which Jo does not have... At least not without admitting to the warrant issuing system that she had the missing porn BTL, which would be a completely terrible idea.

>>710874
And door logs can potentially be altered or deleted, as shown with the ones in Sol Corp HQ around where Eli was murdered. And Jo hasn't asked Vitus about this yet, but that should be done in person and not over station comms since comms may be monitored. Vitus asked Jo to lunch so he can be asked then.
>>
No. 711013 ID: 65a774
File 145875864570.png - (17.23KB , 900x450 , 76.png )
711013

>Check up on what's happened to Jidai.
:PACDREAM: While they weren’t able to pin him on SAI smuggling, they are still going to hold a “trail” for him resisting arrest.
:JourneyDREAM: What? But he didn’t really-
:PACDREAM: It’s more that that’s the only thing they can really prove, so that’s what they are pinning him on. Don’t worry, he’ll probably accept a plea bargain for a fine of a few thousands creds or the like.
>Sigh and tell Shui you'll take your metaphorical knuckle sandwich with metaphorical mustard and pickles; Yes, that means you're the officer that arrested Jidai.
:ShuiDREAM: …what? You did!? But… why!? You know how terrified he is of cops!
>From what you can tell, Jidai may have been involved in illegal SAI body swapping.
:ShuiDREAM: He was what!? No way, he’s… but… ugh, please say that it wasn’t anything serious!
:JourneyDREAM: At the moment, he’ll be released today… but with a bit of a lighter wallet.
:ShuiDREAM: Oh, thank the tide! I’m so going to punch that selfish baster for making me worry like this!
>Hey, that's nice of it to offer. You'll take it up on that, with thanks. It'll have to wait 'till you're off duty, though.
:EoHDREAM: The fraking offer only stand under my workings hours. If you want to be taffing around here you have to do it on this shift. Just take a fraking break or some shit, you twit.

>This won't work. To get access to the automated inventory system for PAC to examine it would require a warrant, which would require sufficient probable cause, which Jo does not have...
Actually, you only need a warrant if Harmony refuses to actually show you the inventory system. After all, he’s permission as an owner is enough to have the right to investigate.
>Now that you think about it, it's extremely unlikely that the BTLs were swapped here.
…yeah, it probably was swapped at your home… which means it was either one of your friends, whoever picked up the evidence in the first place or… PAC?
>Ask PAC when and who or what collected the evidence from your evidence locker.
:PACDREAM: Two officers went by and did it. There is a full recording of them picking everything up and delivering it to HQ. Odd, on the tape they pick up all three of the BTL cases… which means the switch must have happened before they arrived.
>Also look at the interior video from the evidence locker from when you put the BTLs in and when they were taken out and see how the former was altered.
…there’s absolutely no different. None of the cases even moves an itch. You can even see yourself putting them in and the officers retrieving them, so there’s no one else who can have touched them.
>Ask PAC where it found the BTL you rented in your apartment when it went to return it ...And for that matter, how did PAC return the rented BTL? It doesn't have a body to carry it.
:PACDREAM: I have a drone that I can pilot outside the suit, Jo.
:JourneyDREAM: Is that the only way you can interact with the world, PAC?
:PACDREAM: I can also override your suit when you’re not wearing it. It does, after all, have a fully functional exoskeleton in its frame.


>You want to arrive at Mr. Ericsson's place for your surprise visit right after he gets back home.
:PACDREAM: It will probably take about half an hour for him to get home from HQ, plus half an hour to actually release him. Do you want me to release him now?
>So when would that be along your patrol route? And is there enough time to do it before lunch?
:PACDREAM: It’s right around the corner from where we are now. After all, he doesn’t live far from you, does he? As for lunch… well, if you do it right away there shouldn’t be a problem… and even then, your lunchbreak is flexible and you’re the one who decides when to take it.

>Message back to Vitus when your lunch break is, that you'd love some of his home cooking, and if he minds your partner Pallavi coming with you.
:VitusDREAM: Pallavi? Well, why not?
:VitusDREAM: Just send me a text half an hour before you go on a lunch break.
:VitusDREAM: So I have time to prepare.
>If Vitus is okay with Pallavi coming, ask her if she'd like to come with you to Vitus' place later on for lunch.
:PallaviDREAM: I guess, if it’s a free meal… but are you sure you want me to tag along? I mean… I’m kind of going to be a third wheel between the two of you…
>>
No. 711014 ID: a22f87

>I can also override your suit when you’re not wearing it.
we are locking that thing up from now on. Last thing we need to happen is for PAC to decide he wants to pull a prank on us and have him station the suit over our bed and just have it stare at us so we see it first thing when we wake up.

>Do you want me to release him now?
if it doesn't cause any problems then yeah, we'll let him go and then see what we can find at his home from a surprise visit.

>but are you sure you want me to tag along?
of course, it would be kind of a dick move to ditch my parter to see a friend. Besides you'll probably get to see me make a fool of myself at least once or twice that should help you get through the rest of this shift.

Also weren't we going out so Vitus didn't have to cook?
>>
No. 711039 ID: 5ad4a7

>>711013
>I’m so going to punch that selfish baster for making me worry like this!
Yeah could you not? He gets punched enough already at home.

>I’m kind of going to be a third wheel between the two of you…
Eh, don't pressure her into it. She's probably right. Tell Vitus Pallavi's bowing out.

>which means the switch must have happened before they arrived.
>nobody messed with them in the locker
Then it must have happened before you put them in the locker. If the store didn't swap them, and I think you would have noticed if someone swapped them while you were carrying them... ...did you put them in the locker AFTER you took a shower? That means you took off your suit... which means PAC had an opportunity to do it, and nobody else could have. So. PAC did it. Which means it's compromised, just like we thought. And it's been compromised for a while. I'd like to check to see if PAC has ever controlled your suit but I don't want to tip it off. I'd rather tell the Chief somehow without PAC knowing.

>Do you want me to release him now?
Yeah, let's do this now.
>>
No. 711042 ID: f562b1

>>711039
>Yeah could you not? He gets punched enough already at home.
That was Erricson, not Jidai. Also, we don't know that for sure. It's still possible he just gets really nervous around his wife and becomes clumsy around her, legitimately falling down stairs and stuff.
>which means PAC had an opportunity to do it, and nobody else could have.
Don't forget that the Chief had the authority to control PAC and delete its memories. She could have easily ordered PAC to do that herself to keep the disc safe, knowing that once the guys picked it up, it could have ended up in corrupt hands. Afterwards, all she had to do was delete PAC's memory. Journey and Pallavi are the two new officers to the spire, and as such, the only two that Chief can trust.

Even if it wasn't Chief, PAC moving the stuff was still helpful, and there's no reason to assume that any "Compromise" is a malicious one rather than a beneficial one.
>>
No. 711096 ID: 4854ef

Well she does want to meet friends.. And is this our date date?
>>
No. 711099 ID: 5ad4a7

>>711096
I think the official date is dinner.
>>
No. 711108 ID: c43722

>>711096
If Pallavi wanted to come along she wouldn't have been so apprehensive about it. She'd probably feel like she was getting in the way of Jo and Vitus' budding romance if she did come to lunch and wouldn't enjoy it as much. It'd be better if she took lunch elsewhere, such as Cib's cafe. That'd be a decent choice since it'd allow her to meet another of Jo's friends.

>>711099
Partially correct. The official date is Jo taking Vitus out to a romantic dinner, followed by going to something along the lines of a club, museum, gallery, or theater; The final choice for after dinner venue is still up in the air.
>>
No. 711155 ID: c43722

...Y'know, Pallavi's right. If she was around you and Vitus would feel you couldn't talk as freely, and if either of you made a fool of yourself it'd be much more embarrassing if she was there. And whether she was right or not, she'd still feel she was getting in the way if she did come along and that'd just dampen her enjoyment. So it would be better if she had lunch elsewhere. Perhaps Cib's cafe so she could meet another of your friends, though if it's during the lunch rush she probably won't get to talk with Cib much. And text Vitus to let him know Pallavi won't be coming to lunch so he can adjust his plan for the meal.

Ask Harmony if it would do a favor for you, as a friend. You want to see the surveillance video from when it handed over those BTLs; Specifically from the camera you assume they have that records in detail how the clerk is handling the BTLs. (The one meant to keep stuff like case swapping pranks from happening.) You're looking to see if Harmony did check inside all the cases and that the BTLs in them are correct. And you want it to give your PAC access to the inventory system to examine it for traces of errors or glitches from then. All this isn't because you don't trust it, it's just that you need to be absolutely, positively, without a doubt certain whether or not the right BTL got into the right case then. ...And you'll owe it a drink for this. Or two. Or a whole bottle. ...From the top shelf, maybe.

If you see the surveillance video, ask PAC to bring up your suit-cam footage from the same time and compare Harmony's movements in both to make sure they match up with no or minimal inconsistencies. If there are then one of the videos has been edited.

Dang it, Shui looks so upset; His visor's done that mood color change thing it did before. Tell him that it's probably little consolation, but you didn't know it was Jidai at first 'cause he was wearing a helmet that completely concealed his face. If you'd known who you were dealing with you'd have handled things differently. As it is... Jidai's going to be even more scared of Peacekeepers, won't he? You wouldn't be surprised if he turns tail and runs at first sight of you, even out of uniform. ...Dang it. You feel like you should pay part of his fine just to show him you're sorry. ...Next payday, that is, since you've got less than 2000 credits to your name right now and have a dinner date coming up.

>The fraking offer only stand under my workings hours. If you want to be taffing around here you have to do it on this shift. Just take a fraking break or some shit, you twit.
Actually, this would be an excellent time to take a break and use that BTL. Text Vitus now to start making lunch and you'll have a half hour of BTL time before the meal's ready. Then ask PAC to start Mr. Ericsson's release procedures and you'll have an hour for lunch before meeting up with Pallavi here for Mr. Ericsson's surprise visit. But if a ninety minute long lunch break is longer than allowed, then ask PAC to start Mr. Ericsson's release now and take a half hour in the BTL and only a half hour for lunch. And make absolutely sure to set the shut-off timer on the BTL so you aren't late. Maybe ask Pallavi to stick around too, just in case you do get engrossed in the BTL and don't get up. That'll give her a chance to chat with Shui too.

It probably goes without saying, but ask PAC to notify you if Mr. Ericsson's medical monitor implant sends an alert after he gets home. If it does, then you rush in immediately and see if you catch who or what injured him. ...Actually, check if there's a record of whether or not Mr. Ericsson turned his med monitor implant off the previous times he was injured so it wouldn't send a alert out. If he did then that shows those weren't just accidents.
>>
No. 711206 ID: 9f6549

>I’m so going to punch that selfish baster for making me worry like this!
Maybe you should, like, punch a bulkhead or something. Get it out of your system.
>Do you want me to release him now?
Wait a bit, we want to eat lunch in peace. Plus God knows something's going to pop up in the meantime.
>>
No. 717320 ID: 65a774
File 146091069257.png - (6.42KB , 900x450 , 77.png )
717320

>we are locking the suit up from now on. Last thing we need to happen is for PAC to decide he wants to pull a prank on us and have him station the suit over our bed and just have it stare at us so we see it first thing when we wake up.
Or something worse… yeah, that’s thing is getting locked up big time!
>I'd like to check to see if PAC has ever controlled your suit but I don't want to tip it off.
...hmm… doesn’t Vitus work with AI’s… and Shui as well? You could be able to talk to them without PAC knowing on your free time.
>Don't forget that the Chief had the authority to control PAC and delete its memories. She could have easily ordered PAC to do that herself to keep the disc safe, knowing that once the guys picked it up, it could have ended up in corrupt hands.
That’s a really good point…
>Journey and Pallavi are the two new officers to the spire, and as such, the only two that Chief can trust.
Also a good point. So, the chief might be behind this? Then… is she working for the… actually, you’re not sure who are the good guys or the bad guys yet… hopefully whatever she does is for the betterment of the station, at least.
>Even if it wasn't Chief, PAC moving the stuff was still helpful, and there's no reason to assume that any "Compromise" is a malicious one rather than a beneficial one.
Right… let’s not assume treachery until proven so. Innocent until proven guilty and all that. Still, if it is true, it’s troubling and you’ll need to check up on this lead as soon as possible.

>It probably goes without saying, but ask PAC to notify you if Mr. Ericsson's medical monitor implant sends an alert after he gets home.
:PACDREAM: I’ll keep my sensors on it, Jo.
>...Actually, check if there's a record of whether or not Mr. Ericsson turned his med monitor implant off the previous times he was injured so it wouldn't send an alert out. If he did then that shows those weren't just accidents.
:PACDREAM: There are no report of injuries at all… it seems that Mr. Ericsson manually shut down his medical implants regularly on his free time, even when he isn’t getting hurt.
:JourneyDREAM: You can shut it down manually? Why?
:PACDREAM: Because we live in a democracy and people demand that they get the freedom to do stupid things?

>Pallavi probably feels like she was getting in the way of Jo and Vitus' budding romance if she did come to lunch and wouldn't enjoy it as much. It'd be better if she took lunch elsewhere, such as Cib's cafe.
:PallaviDREAM: Cib is one of your other friends?
:JourneyDREAM: Yeah, it’s a SAI.
:PallaviDREAM: Well, I guess I can say hi to… her? Him?
:JourneyDREAM: it.
:PallaviDREAM: Say hi to it… I mean, we’ll probably take lunch before the rush, right?
>Text Vitus to let him know Pallavi won't be coming to lunch so he can adjust his plan for the meal.
:VitusDREAM: Got it.
:JourneyDREAM: Also, be there in about half an hour.
:VitusDREAM: I’ll start cooking stuff up then.
:VitusDREAM: See you soon <3


>Maybe you should, like, punch a bulkhead or something. Get it out of your system.
:ShuiDREAM: Oh, no, I… it’s just a- I didn’t mean it literally. Still, I’m worried about him.
>Tell him that it's probably little consolation, but you didn't know it was Jidai at first 'cause he was wearing a helmet that completely concealed his face. If you'd known who you were dealing with you'd have handled things differently.
:ShuiDREAM: No need to apologies. If he actually did something illegal it’s his own damn fault… but if he didn’t… well… then you’ll have some things to answer for, Jo.
>Ask Harmony if it would do a favor for you, as a friend. You want to see the surveillance video from when it handed over those BTLs.
:EoHDREAM: No fraking warrant, no fraking way. Sorry, Jo, but can’t show this shit to every last taffer that fraking comes by to shit on my business.

>Actually, this would be an excellent time to take a break and use that BTL.
:EoHDREAM: Give me a fraking sec and I’ll set the shit up.
>Then ask PAC to start Mr. Ericsson's release procedures and you'll have an hour for lunch before meeting up with Pallavi here for Mr. Ericsson's surprise visit.
:PACDREA: I’ll make sure he’ll be home in about 90 minutes, Officer.
>But if a ninety minute long lunch break is longer than allowed…
:PACDREAM: You’re not on break, you’re waiting for a suspect person to arrive at a particular location. Otherwise, normal lunch breaks are 45 minutes, so try to keep to that in the future, Jo.
>Ask Pallavi to stick around too, just in case you do get engrossed in the BTL and don't get up. That'll give her a chance to chat with Shui too.
…she’s already discussing something about those comic book heroes they were talking about with Shui… and it almost sounds like an argument… one of those nerd ones. Better let her be.



[Now playing: Tour around the Roon System.]
SPAAAAAAAAAAACEEEEEEEEEE!!!! SPAAAAAAAAACEEEEE!! BY JOVE LOOK AT ALL THIS SPAAAAAACEEE!! WEEEEEE!!!
>>
No. 717321 ID: 65a774
File 146091070215.png - (25.79KB , 900x450 , 78.png )
717321

[Now “playing”: Lunch with friend / potential partner / it’s complicated.]
:JourneyDREAM: -and the only reason I was able to catch up to her and make the arrest is because… well, remember the soft drink she threw at the start?
:VitusDREAM: You don’t mean she…
:JourneyDREAM: She slipped on it and fell, dropping all the stolen spices right on her face.
:VitusDREAM: Oh, that got to hurt…
:JourneyDREAM: Remember, we eat through our skin as well.
:VitusDREAM: Hehe, now that is an instance of instant karma of I ever heard one. It remind me of this one time, in code camp-
>>
No. 717322 ID: 65a774
File 146091071254.png - (20.99KB , 900x450 , 79.png )
717322

[Now “playing”: Peace K-
:JourneyDREAM: Stop trying to turn this into a montage, PAC.
:PACDREAM: Sorry.

:PallaviDREAM: Here we are…
:PACDREAM: He’s been home for about ten minutes now… and his medical implants was just turned off.
:JourneyDREAM: Then we need to hurry up and-
:PACDREAM: We can’t just rush in without a warrant, Jo… at least, not unless you want to take the gamble that something is actually happening in there. Remember, you either need a warrant or approval of the owner to enter someone’s housing… or alternatively a really good cause to enter, like a call for aid.
>>
No. 717324 ID: f562b1

>>717322
Due to the lack of a warrant or proper (legally legitimate) cause for concern, it's probably best to make the checkup informal, ie remove the helmets. Show that you're checking up as a friend.
>>
No. 717331 ID: 4a0368

> or alternatively a really good cause to enter, like a call for aid.
We'll have to wait for one of those- if we show up and the missus doesn't know anything's wrong, a couple of cops will tip her off and we'll throw Ericsson under the bus. Plus, we're already on the thinnest ice with this job.

Can we surveil Mrs. Ericsson's medical implants, or are they turned off too?
>>
No. 717336 ID: 5ad4a7

>>717322
I expect we can just wait at the door and listen. If there's sounds of a violent argument then we'll have cause to enter.
>>
No. 717568 ID: c43722

You two better move back around the corner while you both figure out how you're going to go about this. You don't want to be seen loitering about if Mr. or Mrs. Ericsson steps out. And don't these apartment doors have a fisheye lens "peephole" camera to show who's outside? If so you might have already been spotted. PAC can keep an eye on the apartment door via the hall camera while you're around the corner. It might even be able to use the peephole camera of the apartment door opposite as well.

You and Pallavi over what you have on Mr. Ericsson and his wife and figure out what level of warrants, if any, you can get and how to proceed. Now, he's been very evasive about who has harmed him, or even that it's the doing of another, but he has slipped up. Most notably yesterday, outside the warehouse, when asked if anyone was hurting him part of his response was "how dare you even suggest that she would… that someone would…" when no particular person was suggested. This indicates that someone is harming him, that they're female, and they're someone who he'd take offense at the suggestion they'd harm him. Couple that with his extreme outburst the day before at Pallavi even starting to suggest his wife, and all his responses since then that involve her in any way, and it indicates his wife is the most likely person to be harming him. And it's been determined that he's received all his injuries while in his home, when presumably the only other person there was his wife.

Mrs. Ericsson is also known to have two previous convictions for assault from before she came to New Horizon four years ago. You'll need to get the details from those cases to see if they in any way line up with what's happening with Mr. Ericsson. If she's had a history of abusing her partners that points more towards her being the one who's injuring him. Also check if she came from outside Unity space before she came to New Horizon and if so if she had an aggression inhibitor before. If she's had a aggression inhibitor back then and still committed assault then she could still do it now.

Pull up Mr. Ericsson's medical records and run them back to before he met his wife. Did his string of injuries start before or after he met her? And when did he start regularly turning his medical monitoring implants off when he'd get home? Before or after he met or married her? How has he gotten to the hospital for treatment before? Did he go elsewhere and call for medical assistance? Did his wife bring him in? Has he be been extensively tested for balance or other neurological conditions that would cause extreme clumsiness and have they been ruled out? Ask PAC to do a forensic analysis of the way his bones have been broken and tissues damaged to extrapolate the object that hit him and how much force was needed. Could his wife have had the strength to inflict them? And have all his injuries been blunt force ones or has he been cut?

Pull up Mrs. Ericsson's medical records and look for injuries consistent with her hitting someone hard with either with her hands or feet. Things like broken knuckles, toes or other bones in her hands, wrists or feet. Also check if her medical monitoring implants are enabled right now, along with if she's turned them off before and when. Also Check if Mr. or Mrs. Ericsson have their comms turned off right now as well.

Check when Mrs. Ericsson was last employed and compare the frequency of Mr. Ericsson's injuries to the periods when his wife has been unemployed. Also check if Mrs. Ericsson was fired from her previous job and any before that and the reasons given. If they're related to her having a short temper or nearly hitting someone than that's more to back her possibly assaulting her husband.

Check with PAC whether the aggression inhibitor implants have been brought back on-line station-wide. Because if Mrs. Ericsson's is the one harming Mr. Ericsson and her aggression inhibitor is disabled right now, then without it holding her back he may end up in the morgue rather than the hospital this time.

Check if Mr. Ericsson's neighbors have registered any complaints of noise or anything else on him or his wife. If they've gotten into arguments, or if she's beat him against the wall, they may have heard it. Also contact the neighbors, either at their doors or via comms if they're at work, and ask if they know Mr. Ericsson and if he and his wife have been having troubles. And also check with this apartment block's superintendent for the maintenance and repair logs for Mr. Ericsson's apartment. If Mrs. Ericsson has a short temper then she may have busted parts of the apartment, possibly on Mr. Ericsson. You can also contact any maintenance personnel who've been in their apartment recently to ask if they saw or heard anything out of the ordinary while there.

Call up your friends and ask if any of them know Mats Ericsson and Isa/Johanna (she's been mistakenly given two different names) Ericsson and what they know about their history, situation and how they're getting along. You saw and overheard Aelia talking to Mr. Ericsson the day you arrived on New Horizon, after coming back from HQ, so they are at least acquaintances. Oh, and if one of them knows the Ericssons well enough to have visited them before, and they're not a work right now, then you could ask if they could give them a visit. While you almost certainly wouldn't get approval to enter their home, a friend of theirs would. And a friend of theirs that's a friend of yours could then poke their nose about the place and tell you what they saw and heard.

You could check if the apartment door is unlocked. While you can't enter the apartment without a warrant or the resident's permission, it's still legal if you stand outside, open the unlocked door and look and listen in. However, it's a risky maneuver since if you don't catch something incriminating when you do you've given away that you're there.

While you don't have enough for a warrant to enter Mr. Ericsson's apartment, do you have enough to get additional evidence such as the apartment door and occupancy logs? Or enough to get a warrant to track back the hall camera video and determine if Mrs. Ericsson was in the apartment every time Mr. Ericsson was injured? Or even enough to allow audio surveillance inside the apartment, possibly by silently enabling the microphone on the interior intercom panel? Or video surveillance by commandeering one of the apartment's cleaner bots?

If you can place Mrs. Ericsson as being in the apartment with Mr. Ericsson every time he has sustained a injury, then that makes her the prime suspect and you can get a warrant to question her. At the least you could get a warrant to question her as a likely witness to how Mr. Ericsson is getting injured so much.

If Mrs. Ericsson leaves the apartment then you two should catch up with her and ask her some questions about her husband's injuries.

>Or something worse… yeah, that’s thing is getting locked up big time!
But where could you lock it up in your apartment? Every door has a PK override PAC can access, right? So you can't just leave your suit in the bathroom and lock the door. And the only container you have sturdy enough to stand up to your suit's strength is the evidence locker, which PAC can open. And besides that, doesn't every container large enough for a child to get inside have a manual release for the lock or catch on the inside, as per safety law? So you can't even lock your suit in your wardrobe to keep PAC from potentially roaming in secret.

You'll have to take more measures to contain PAC or at least indicate if it is roaming about. Unfortunately the ones that could contain PAC would be quite obvious to it that that's what you want to do. Something like buying a large safe or sturdy locker and strong chains and locks to wrap around it. However, measures to indicate if PAC has opened its container can be much, much more discreet. Something like tying a thin thread around the container's catch such that it breaks when opened, or catching the thread in door when the container is closed so it falls out when opened. Preferably multiple indicator methods in case one fails.

>...hmm… doesn’t Vitus work with AI’s… and Shui as well? You could be able to talk to them without PAC knowing on your free time.
Unless PAC isn't abiding by its privacy protocols, which if it is compromised would be likely. You'll have to turn your comm implant totally off before talking to Vitus or Shui to be reasonably sure PAC isn't listening in.

>>717336
All the apartment doors and walls here probably have excellent soundproofing, so just listening at the door wouldn't work. However, Jo's suit may have sensors that can pick up micro vibrations in materials. If it does then PAC can use them on the door to possibly pick up sounds from inside the apartment. Unfortunately, this method would very likely be considered invasive to privacy and thus require a warrant.
>>
No. 717571 ID: 5ad4a7

I hope this doesn't turn out to be some kind of consenting BDSM thing.
>>
No. 717604 ID: c43722

>>717571
If it is then they're doing BDSM really wrong. Outside of a accident it shouldn't result in even a black eye, let alone broken bones. ...But better ask PAC what the law is on consenting BDSM or other sex acts that go too far and result in a participant being injured. And also check Mr. Ericsson's medical records to see if there's indications of him being improperly bound in a BDSM act, such as bruising of the wrists and ankles.
>>
No. 717609 ID: c43722

Check if the officers that looked into Mr. Ericsson's injuries before talked to Mrs. Ericsson and asked her about them. If they did that'll give you an idea of how she'll respond when asked now. And if they didn't then perhaps one option you have is to talk to her in a non-confrontational way and ask her about it. Present some of what you've observed and ask what her explanation is. At the least it'll show you how she reacts and you can gather a bit more about her behavior that way.
>>
No. 717971 ID: 65a774
File 146117392562.png - (21.32KB , 900x450 , 80.png )
717971

>But where could you lock it up in your apartment? Every door has a PK override PAC can access, right?
Dammit, you’re right… hmm… while you might not be able to lock it up completely; maybe you can make it not want to move around? Like by putting a thread or string on the dresser door or something so you’ll know if it moves around maybe?
>Unless PAC isn't abiding by its privacy protocols, which if it is compromised would be likely. You'll have to turn your comm implant totally off before talking to Vitus or Shui to be reasonably sure PAC isn't listening in.
Right, so you’ll have to go completely silent without rousing suspicion… that would be too hard with Vitus…

>Mrs. Ericsson is known to have two previous convictions for assault from before she came to New Horizon four years ago. You'll need to get the details from those cases to see if they in any way line up with what's happening with Mr. Ericsson.
Apparently, she assaulted someone at a bar… multiple times… though she only been arrested twice; she got a lot of warnings for being violent as well.
>Also check if she came from outside Unity space before she came to New Horizon and if so if she had an aggression inhibitor before.
She comes from Human space, so she is probably rather new to the aggression inhibitor… and she probably got one of those removable ones. Only people born here get one integrated into the brain at a young age.

>Pull up Mr. Ericsson's medical records and run them back to before he met his wife. Did his string of injuries start before or after he met her?
It seems to have started about three years ago… so a year after his wife came here… and a year before they married. Of course, he didn’t break his bones as often back then as he does now…
>I hope this doesn't turn out to be some kind of consenting BDSM thing.
Even if it was, it’s still illegal. Breaking someone’s bones repeatedly, even if they want you to, is still a crime.
>I expect we can just wait at the door and listen. If there are sounds of a violent argument then we'll have cause to enter.
…these things are soundproof.
>Check if the officers that looked into Mr. Ericsson's injuries before talked to Mrs. Ericsson and asked her about them.
There is on record that they’ve talked to her, but not the exact details of any of the conversations they’ve had.

>Due to the lack of a warrant or proper (legally legitimate) cause for concern, it's probably best to make the checkup informal, ie remove the helmets. Show that you're checking up as a friend.
You don’t think he’ll consider you a friend… and trying to play this of as a neighborly visit will be awkward with the police uniforms on.
>Check when Mrs. Ericsson was last employed and compare the frequency of Mr. Ericsson's injuries to the periods when his wife has been unemployed.
It seems that she has had trouble keeping a job as long as she’s been here. The longest employment she had was the first one she got, which lasted about a year… after that, the employment times seems to grow shorter and shorter, with the time between jobs growing longer and longer…
>Also check if Mrs. Ericsson was fired from her previous job and any before that and the reasons given.
“Acting aggressive against costumers”, “Acting aggressive against co-workers”, “Acting aggressive against superiors”… there’s a pattern here… only her first job stand out, which is “budget cuts”.

>Check if Mr. or Mrs. Ericsson has their comms turned off right now as well.
:PACDREAM: I can’t say if they are on or off, only that there aren’t any outside traffic coming or going from them.
>Ask PAC to do a forensic analysis of the way his bones have been broken and tissues damaged to extrapolate the object that hit him and how much force was needed.
:PACDREAM: No warrant, Jo… I can’t just check people’s medical records like that whenever I please.
>You and Pallavi should go over what you have on Mr. Ericsson and his wife and figure out what level of warrants, if any, you can get and how to proceed.
:PallaviDREAM: There is definitely something going on here…
:PACDREAM: Yet, we have nothing but speculation-
:PallaviDREAM: Speculation or not, we need to do something! We can’t just let some wife-beater… err… I mean, husband-beater go loose?
:JourneyDREAM: Well, maybe if we pool everything we know together, we might be granted a Warrant?
:PallaviDREAM: It’s worth a try…

>You two better move back around the corner while you both figure out how you're going to go about this. You don't want to be seen loitering about if Mr. or Mrs. Ericsson steps out.
You better move before someone comes out and-

:UnknownKAK: -and clean up the fucking mess you- wait, who the fuck are you two!?
:JourneyDREAM: Err…
>>
No. 717979 ID: a22f87

peace keepers on patrol, so who are you?
>>
No. 717996 ID: bbd089

You keep her distracted, Pavali peeks -NOT SNEAKS- into the room to see if anything is awry. Introduce Pavali, then yourself, but do all the talking and let her draw her own conclusions so all her attention is directed to you.

...Is that blood on her shoe?
>>
No. 718009 ID: 5ad4a7

>>717971
Blood on her shoe is probable cause. Time to go inside.
>>
No. 718121 ID: c43722

Radio Pallavi that in the short while Mrs. Ericsson's attention is on you to get a solid look into the apartment for anything we can act on. Introduce yourself and your partner and say that you two were just taking a break in your patrol here. Pallavi only needs a few moments, so you don't really need anything more than that to get Mrs. Ericsson's attention.

You see something on Mrs. Ericsson's right shoe that might be blood, but don't get ahead of yourself and call that reason to enter the apartment just yet. Ask PAC to scan that shoe and determine if it's fresh blood. If it is then ask it to look over her for signs of injury that could be the source. If she doesn't have any then you have cause to enter the apartment to check if anyone is injured.

Scan the air around her and her breath for traces of alcohol, or if that's not legally allowed then open your suit vents to get a solid whiff of her. If there's a definite smell of booze on her then that'd be one more likely reason she'd get abusive with her husband, since inebriation lowers self-control. And check if she's had any warnings for public intoxication or other complaints lodged against her for drinking.

>She comes from Human space, so she is probably rather new to the aggression inhibitor… and she probably got one of those removable ones.
How does one of those work? It slots into the neural interface port similar to a BTL? And is it less effective than a implanted one or known to cause side effects in some cases? And it's legal for her to remove it, right? But is it logged by the station systems when it's removed? And if so, do you legally have access to those logs? If you do then ask PAC to pull the logs for Mrs. Ericsson and see if she has it removed right now, as well as to compare the periods when her inhibitor is removed with when Mr. Ericsson sustains injuries, when she's lost her jobs, and with any other warnings or complaints against her for aggressive behavior.
>>
No. 718137 ID: 65a774
File 146124120538.png - (21.42KB , 900x450 , 81.png )
718137

>How does one of those implants work? It slots into the neural interface port similar to a BTL? And is it less effective than an implanted one or known to cause side effects in some cases? And it's legal for her to remove it, right?
It’s a cheaper, less reliable version of the implant, removable by an official sponsored cybernetic clinic. Removing it without a good cause is illegal, unless you are planning of moving away from Unity space… which, thinking about it, will probably fall under a good cause. So, if she has had it removed, she must have done so illegally at a black market cybernetic clinic.

>Blood on her shoe is probable cause.
:PACDREAM: Scanning… that is indeed blood… and seeing as she has no wounds on her…
>Scan the air around her and her breath for traces of alcohol.
:PACDREAM: Alcohol detected. She is quite clearly drunk.
>Check if she's had any warnings for public intoxication or other complaints lodged against her for drinking.
Two of her employment termination causes are because of showing up intoxicated and aggressive.

>You keep her distracted, Pallavi peeks -NOT SNEAKS- into the room to see if anything is awry.
:PallaviDREAM: (Got it.)
>Peace keepers on patrol, so who are you?
:UnknownKAK: Patrol!? You’re standing right outside my door! If you were on a fucking patrol you would be walking down the corridor, not be hanging out right outside my apartment!
:JourneyDREAM: You didn’t answer my question, ma’am.
:UnknownKAK: Don’t ma’am me, pig! You didn’t answer my question either!
:JourneyDREAM: What is your name!?
:UnknownKAK: …It’s Isa.
:JourneyDREAM: …then why do my implant say it’s Johanna?
:UnknownKAK: That’s my middle name, you fucking moron! Geez, you men are all the same, fucking retarded.

:PallaviDREAM: (I can’t see anything suspicious, but I can defiantly hear someone moving in there… someone that’s coughing and whining… like he’s hurt.)
:JourneyDREAM: Right, that’s it… is your husband home, ma’am?
:UnknownKAK: Huh? Of course you want to talk to him instead of me! No, that waste of flesh isn’t here.
:JourneyDREAM: Have you been drinking?
:UnknownKAK: That is not your damn business!
:JourneyDREAM: And is that blood on your boot?
:UnknownKAK: I cut myself when I was cooking.
:JourneyDREAM: Yet still you don’t have a wound to show for it… this is now official Peace keeper business. Move aside and let us enter.
:UnknownKAK: No fucking way! Either show a warrant or get lost, creep!
:JourneyDREAM: Move aside, ma’am.
:UnknownKAK: Don’t you fucking dare! If you take one more step I’ll fucking punch you!
:JourneyDREAM:
:UnknownKAK: I’ll have you fired for this! Assaulting a woman in her own home!? Fucking pig!

Well, she’s definitely drunk and aggressive…
>>
No. 718139 ID: 4854ef

Well she just threatened to attack you if you move closer, all the while still inside the hallway and not anywhere inside her "home".
>>
No. 718155 ID: 5ad4a7

>>718137
Part of me wants to stun her immediately. If that would be by the book, then do so. If not then maybe you can just force her to move away from the door so Pallavi can go in. You'd be stronger than her due to your arm.
>>
No. 718163 ID: a4707d

We know someone is in there, you were just ordering them around. We are unamused and unintimidated and have more than enough probable cause to enter. Step aside, now.

PAC, has she called any medical personnel? ANd don't strike first, it's what she's counting on. This needs to be as cut and dry as we can make it.
>>
No. 718299 ID: c43722

Confirm with PAC that based on what Pallavi heard, the blood on Isa's boot, and everything else observed so far that you and Pallavi do have legal grounds to enter her apartment for the purpose of determining if someone in there is injured and in need of aid. If so, then both of you are legally performing your duty and Isa has no grounds to try and stop either of you from entering her home. If she does attempt to block either of you then you both are in the clear to move her out of the way, if there's no other option. And if she strikes one of you then either of you are clear to subdue and arrest her. However, using force should be one of your last options, so try to find other ways first.

Ask PAC if you can get a warrant issued for just entering Isa's apartment to see if anyone inside needs medical aid. You don't actually need an explicit warrant to enter in this situation, but issuing one does give you a legal document to present to Isa which may possibly get her to comply.

Radio Pallavi and ask her to quietly take a sample of the blood for her suit to analyze while Isa's attention is still on you; It's in a public hallway so it's fair game as evidence. Use the evidence drone if it's quieter than bending down in the suit. Get exactly how fresh it is along with a DNA pattern to match against the one on file for Mr. Ericsson. Assuming it is his blood and it was bled recently, along with everything else we've got there should be more than enough to get a rock solid warrant to at the least enter and see if he needs medical aid. And if he does then there might be enough to possibly extend the warrant to determining how he was harmed.

Take a step back and politely inform Isa that striking a officer is a criminal offense and that if she attempts to do so to you or your partner that the both of you will subdue and arrest her. You don't want that and you can only assume she doesn't either. Then tell her that from what you and your partner have observed you have enough grounds to legally enter her apartment. If you've gotten a warrant, ask PAC to get the warrant issuing system to send it to Isa now. That way it'll come from on high and she can't say you faked it or something equally silly. Once she's looked over the warrant ask her to please step aside so you and your partner can perform your duties. If she still refuses, then you can resort to force to remove her and place her under arrest for impeding an officer.

>So, if she has had it removed, she must have done so illegally at a black market cybernetic clinic.
But if she did have it removed illegally, why would she want to do so? Are there other reasons to have it removed besides leaving Unity space? Does that version of the aggression inhibitor have undesirable side effects she would have wanted to get rid of? ...Ah, you don't even know if she has had her inhibitor removed or not, so better stop speculating until you do. If and when she's brought in get her a medical scan right away to check that.
>>
No. 718359 ID: 65a774
File 146134486238.png - (21.17KB , 900x450 , 82.png )
718359

>But if she did have it removed illegally, why would she want to do so?
If the shows you used to watch in your youth is correct, humans tends to value their own freedom above anything else… of course, in retrospect, those portrayals were usually a bit speciest. Still, having the freedom to be angry and hurt others is probably something someone somewhere desire?
>If and when she's brought in get her a medical scan right away to check that.
You send a notice to PAC to make sure they do that when she is taken away.
>Part of me wants to stun her immediately. If that would be by the book, then do so.
You’re already on thin ice… let’s do this by the book.

>PAC, has she called any medical personnel?
:PACDREAM: As I said, no outgoing communication yet. I, on the other hand, have already called for reinforcements.

>We know someone is in there, you were just ordering them around.
:UnknownKAK: I was talking to myself! I just reminded myself that I needed to clean later, you fucking re-
:JourneyDREAM: Right, right…
>Politely inform Isa that striking an officer is a criminal offense and that if she attempts to do so to you or your partner that the both of you will subdue and arrest her.
:UnknownKAK: It shouldn’t be a crime to strike someone like you, fucker! In fact, it should be illegal for people like you to be officers! You’re just violent psychopaths all of you!
:JourneyDREAM: …people like me? Cibics?
:UnknownKAK: I’m not talking about species! God, you’re all so dumb too… how do your kind even survive!?
:JourneyDREAM: …okay, I’m getting confused here. What exactly are you insulting me over?
:UnknownKAK: Of course you would be confused, man-pig!
:JourneyDREAM: ...I still don’t- eh, you know what…
>We are unamused and unintimidated and have more than enough probable cause to enter. Step aside, now.
:UnknownKAK: I will never bow down to your kind! Sisters, revolt!
:JourneyDREAM: (…PAC, is she on drugs or something as well?)
:PACDREAM: (Not that I can tell, no.)

>Maybe you can just force her to move away from the door so Pallavi can go in. You'd be stronger than her due to your arm.
:UnknownKAK: Unhand me, you pig!
*Thud*Thud*
:JourneyDREAM: Okay, you are clearly attacking me now.
:UnknownKAK: Death to the patri-
*Zaap*
:PallaviDREAM: There, much better. Now, let’s hurry up. Someone might still be injured in there!
:JourneyDREAM: Err... we can’t just leave her here, can we?
:PACDREAM: Move her inside and I’ll lock the door after you.
>>
No. 718360 ID: 65a774
File 146134487883.png - (25.63KB , 900x450 , 83.png )
718360

:PallaviDREAM: Mr. Ericsson? Are you in here?
:UnknownKAK: Wha- *Cough* who are y-you? What are you...
:PACDREAM: Subject is suffering massive head trauma. It’s advice to get him to some medical personal as soon as possible.
:UnknownKAK: I-I heard m-my wife scream? Is she alright?
:PallaviDREAM: She has been arrested, sir… she can’t hu-
:UnknownKAK: Arrested!? Wha- why!? Why would you arrest my dear little Isa!?
:PACDREAM: I’ve accessed the cameras inside the apartment. According to them Mrs. Ericsson regularly assaulted Mr. Ericsson here.
:PallaviDREAM: She was hurting you!
:UnknownKAK: No, thi- she can’t hurt me! I love her! But if you’ve hurt her… I’ll… I’ll… I don’t know wha- DON’T COME ANY CLOSER!!
:PACDREAM: Warning, subject is acting aggressive and delusional.
:JourneyDREAM: You don’t say.
:UnknownKAK: IF YOU HURT HER I WILL KILL YOU!
>>
No. 718362 ID: 4854ef

Seems Mr Eric here is a victim of stockholme syndrome towards an abusive spouse, we are going to need psychological help afterwords as it seems that it's so further in that he would defend his abuser to the point of slavish devotion despite having a GAPING HEADWOUND directly caused by her.

We also need to calm him down, tell him his wife is unharmed and has settled down in the hallway in an attempt to try and get his weapon down. Signal Pallavi as well as best as you can to try and avoid speaking of his wife aggressively.

What is he armed with and can it penetrate your armor? If we can try and do your best to calm him down, if at worst we will have to potentially rush him and bring him down.
>>
No. 718363 ID: 2147c6

Call in necessary emergency services, try to talk him down before he hurts himself. He can't hurt you with a head wound, half his limbs broken and a broken broom handle, so don't worry about that.

Mr. Ericson, your wife is fine. You aren't, you've been bludgeoned with a pipe and are bleeding profusely. Just stay calm until the doctors arrive, okay?
>>
No. 718365 ID: a22f87

what they hell is that on the couch? a metal pipe? Did she fucking hit him with a metal pipe? Anyways try to talk some sense into the guy but if that fails just shoot him with that sleep gun you have.

Anyways once we've dealt with him I guess we could explore their home to see what other evidence we can find. Don't touch anything of course, we'll leave that for the forensic team but it defiantly wouldn't hurt to have PAC log some video evidence and give forensics some good places to start.
>>
No. 718366 ID: 5ad4a7

>>718360
Tell him she's fine. She has not been injured at all. However, he has. Tell him if he does not get medical care he will likely die. Call the ambulance(or non-vehicle equivalent?) immediately. No need to get any closer, you can let the medics treat him once they get here.

Tell him you're sure she loves him very much, and him her, but she was taking out her inhibitor chip and letting her anger control her. It's not her fault, right?
(I don't believe a word of this but say it anyway)

Also I figured out what she was insulting you over, she thought you were a man. She hates men.
>>
No. 718367 ID: 2147c6

>>718365
I'd avoid using the sleep gun; he's in bad enough shape, an unsupported fall would only make things worse.
>>
No. 718368 ID: a22f87

>>718367
that's why I said only use it if we can't talk the guy down. Because if we can talk him down the good for everybody but if he tries to attack us he could hurt himself more (I have no idea how much that head wound might be messing up his coordination) or possibly even us or our partner. That and he could be charged with assault on an officer and the guy did just get out of jail.
>>
No. 718417 ID: c43722

Radio Pallavi to step back to the doorway. Tell her with the level of psychological trauma and distortion you can only assume he has, any sort of logic or facts isn't going to get through his delusion no matter how plainly obvious they are. We're going to have to play to his delusion or avoid bringing up his wife if we're to keep things from getting worse. Now, since she's gotten the focus of his ire, you want her to step out and close the door. Then you want her to cuff Mrs. Ericsson, move her into the bathroom, lock her in, then take a look around the apartment for other evidence. That way when Mr. Ericsson leaves he won't see her unconscious and flip out. We can keep an eye on her via the apartment cameras in case she wakes up.

Stay at the door and try and talk Mr. Ericsson down. Tell him that his wife is fine, but he's very much not. Say that he has serious head trauma and should lay down so he doesn't make it life threatening before the paramedics arrive. He doesn't want to risk dying and leaving his wife all alone, does he? No, he doesn't, right? So he should lay down and rest and wait for the medics. Get the ETA for their arrival from PAC and tell Mr. Ericsson how long it'll be. Also let the paramedics know the situation so they'll be ready with a dose of tranquilizers for him.

Check with PAC how much of a risk it would be to Mr. Ericsson if a stun baton was used on him in his current medical state. Is there a risk the stun shock would exacerbate his head trauma, or would the risk be from him falling over when stunned and hitting his head? Because if it's the latter you should be able to catch him if you stun him with your baton.

If he makes a move to attack you, then it'd likely be for the best to dodge him and use your stun baton at the safest setting to knock him out, then catch him, lay him down and administer a dose of Quick-Fix to stabilize him. You know he can't hurt you through your PK suit, but the strain of hitting you would likely make his injuries worse and he might become unbalanced and fall over, hitting his head. But if he tries to leave, then you should back off and let him, following just out of his reach.

>I’ve accessed the cameras inside the apartment. According to them Mrs. Ericsson regularly assaulted Mr. Ericsson here.
Well, it's damn surprising Isa left the cameras recording, but having this evidence is a hell of a lucky break for this case. Ask PAC to lock the camera access out from Mr. Ericsson so he can't possibly check it and see his unconscious wife. ...Hey, wait. Interior cameras aren't standard for apartments here, are they? You know Tr'ak's apartment didn't have them, and you know your apartment doesn't have them. ...At least, you think your apartment doesn't have them. Does your apartment have them?

>>718362
>What is he armed with and can it penetrate your armor? If we can try and do your best to calm him down, if at worst we will have to potentially rush him and bring him down.
That's his crutch he's brandishing. It couldn't harm Jo or Pallavi through their PK suits even if he was wielding it with both hands. As it is, swung with one arm it's no threat to either of them. He could beat on them all day and they wouldn't get so much as a bruise. It'd be much more of a danger to him, since the strain would most likely exacerbate his head trauma into something life threatening. In that case, rushing him and using a low setting stun baton to knock him out would probably be the best course of action for his safety.

>>718363
PAC already called for reinforcements, which almost certainly included a paramedic team. However, better confirm that it did do that and get a ETA for them.

>>718365
>Anyways try to talk some sense into the guy but if that fails just shoot him with that sleep gun you have.
...That's a option, but it should only be employed if he moves to be actively a threat to himself or others. And it's "shock rifle," not "sleep gun." And it may not even be an option since Jo and Pallavi might have had to turn their shock rifles in when they were busted back down to patrol.

>>718366
>Tell him you're sure she loves him very much, and him her, but she was taking out her inhibitor chip and letting her anger control her. It's not her fault, right?
The aggression inhibitor Isa has, while technically removable, is still implanted and requires a cybernetics doctor or technician to remove. It can't be done by herself. And we don't know if Isa has had her aggression inhibitor removed. It's just speculation that she has. And besides, he's so delusional that he won't react well to any claim his wife harmed him, so saying anything to that effect here will not help at all.

>>718368
Him wielding his crutch as a weapon one handed, balanced on one leg, against the protection of a PK suit would pose no risk of him harming Jo or Pallavi. And that's assuming he doesn't fall over And given he's obviously out of his mind and delusional, a charge of assaulting an officer wouldn't stick.
>>
No. 718439 ID: 65a774
File 146136648754.png - (25.32KB , 900x450 , 84.png )
718439

>Seems Mr Eric here is a victim of Stockholm syndrome towards an abusive spouse, we are going to need psychological help afterwards.
It’s a given people need therapy after being attacked by their spouse like this.
>Once we've dealt with him I guess we could explore their home to see what other evidence we can find.
Your first priority is to make sure the victim is safe, second is to arrest the suspect and third is gathering evidence. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, shall we?
>I figured out what she was insulting you over, she thought you were a man. She hates men.
...wait, why would she care what pronoun you use? After all, even if you were human… not to sound speciest, but both humans supposed genders look the same to you, except for that weird chest thing… milk bags or what they are. Is she mad that you don’t have milk bags? No other speciest has milk bags either… geez, these alien confuse you sometime…
>What is he armed with and can it penetrate your armor?
He’s flailing around with his wooden- actually, it’s a plastic crutch, but it looks almost wooden. Either way, no way that thing is a threat to either of you. The only thing he’s dangerous to be himself.
>Well, it's damn surprising Isa left the cameras recording, but having this evidence is a hell of a lucky break for this case.
She probably doesn’t remember these apartments have them… or she believes no one would get access to them in time. It is a bit surprising that she let them keep running though, as most people shut them down when they are home. Maybe a part of Eric wanted her to be caught? Hmm…
>Does your apartment have them?
It does, but you currently only have them online when you’re not home. That way, if there is a break in, you would be able to see who did it.

>What they hell is that on the couch? A metal pipe? Did she fucking hit him with a metal pipe?
She probably grabbed the first thing- actually, where would you even get a metal pipe? ...wait, it’s some kind of synth plastic? It’s a lot softer then metal, but apparently still sturdy enough to take a lot of blows… good thing this wasn’t metal, as Mr. Ericsson wouldn’t be alive then. Still, where do you get a thing like this?
>Check with PAC how much of a risk it would be to Mr. Ericsson if a stun baton was used on him in his current medical state.
Remembering you training, you know that stun rods are a no no, while a sleeper gun is usable if precautions are taken beforehand.
>I'd avoid using the sleep gun; he's in bad enough shape, an unsupported fall would only make things worse.
You’ll still need to use the sleep gun on him, as him being awake will only make thing worse. What you need to do is to make sure he doesn’t hurt himself when you put him down, either by catching him or making him lie down on his own admission.
>And it's "shock rifle," not "sleep gun."
Shock rifle are the big, armor piercing ones that you currently don’t have access too. A sleeper gun is these small things that can put people to sleep as long as they aren’t wearing anything thicker than leather. They are the standard tool for all Peace keepers together with the stun rod.

>Call the ambulance (or non-vehicle equivalent?) immediately.
:PACDREAM: I’ve already called for reinforcements, remember? There will be a paramedic arriving with them.
>Tell him she's fine. She has not been injured at all. However, he has. Tell him if he does not get medical care he will likely die.
:UnknownKAK: Li-liar… she…
:JourneyDREAM: Listen, She loves you, do she not? How do you think she will feel when we tell her you died because you refused to calm down?
:UnknownKAK: I… I…
:PallaviDREAM: Don’t worry, sir… we are here to help. Just calm down and everything will be fine.
:UnknownKAK: But… I… But if she- ughh…

As soon as Pallavi gets close enough to him, you hit him with your sleeper gun, making him collapse into her arms. She lay him to rest on the floor and starts tending to he’s wounds as best she can, using the peace keeper suits innate abilities to stabilize wounds.

:PACDREAM: Reinforcements are arriving right now.
:PallaviDREAM: I’ll use my Quick-Fix on him while you go met up with them outside, okay boss?
>>
No. 718440 ID: 65a774