[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 606289)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 41599 unique user posts. View catalog

File 141720503057.png - (51.94KB , 1100x900 , 1.png )
606289 No. 606289 ID: 65a774

Discussion: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/56976.html
Thank you for your application to the peacekeeping forces of the New Horizon Orbital Station. Please fill out this standardized form while we process your application.

Please note that this quest is not connected to the Rune saga, even if it shares the same universe, so no “voices of the many” or knowledge from the other quests, alright?
Expand all images
>>
No. 606290 ID: 65a774
File 141720504621.png - (14.97KB , 900x450 , 2.png )
606290

Please choose a species from the list below.

Humans (Apes) – United Solar Federation(USF) – “You might have bread, but do you have Circuses?”
Genders: Male, Female, “Other”
Humans are famous for their Culture and ingenuity, feared for their pragmatism and business savviness though rather infamous for their greed.

Sakkil (lizards) - Glorious Sakkil Empire. – “All are one, one is all. We are all equal in the end.”
Genders: Male, Female, “Other”
A lizard species originating from the desert planet called Salí, who are mostly known for their love for engineering and infrastructure. They also have a peculiar interest of cybernetic enchantments, and some are even trying to become like machines themselves.

Hivers (Mantis) - Free Hives. – “Never again will we be in chains.”
Genders: Male, Female, “Other”
The biggest and strongest of the species, but by far the slowest and least agile. While fierce and terrifying on the battlefield, most will agree that they are even more fearful in the courtrooms thanks to their strong sense of justice and hate for corruption. “Never bribe a mantis if you do not wish to face one in battle, either by sword or law.”

Uredo (Plants) – Integrated Clans – “Do not see from your point of view, but from all of theirs.”
Genders: None.
The Uredo are ungendered plant creatures mostly known for their love for peace and non-violence. Their biggest strength is their skill in diplomacy and they are the ones responsible for the great unity between the species. But even if their good nature would paint them as weak, most species have learned that they can be lethal if provoked, even if it’s too late for some cases.

Cibic (Parasites) – Integrated Clans - ”If you can’t ask, then find another way to learn.”
Genders: Hermaphrodite, “Other”
A one gendered race of parasites who were the original conquers of the Uredo species before the invention of space travel. Though once a mighty empire, most of their species was exterminated when the Uredo broke free from their slavery and gained their freedom. While many hundred years have passed and the Cibic have completely integrated into Uredo society they are still few in numbers compared to the other species.

Serpens (Snakes) – The Four Ways -”Learn, adapt, evolve.”
Genders: Male, Female, Ovale, “Other”
A serpent like race that is mostly known for their great intelligence, logical thinking and love for science though rather infamous for their “stunted” imagination and lack of social tact. Originally an aquatic species, they quickly adapted to a life above water as the necessity of tools appeared. A species with three genders, not only having the typical male and female but also the ovipositor carrying “Ovales”. (Though by a pure biological standpoint the Ovales would be considered females thanks to carrying the eggs originally and the female be some kind of incubator. They were just referred to as non-females in the beginning because of a certain appendage they possess and it kind of stuck.)
>>
No. 606291 ID: a863b2

>>606290
Male Human. Get dolla. Smoke space weed.
>>
No. 606292 ID: 9b57d3

>>606289
Understood. What about the other way around? Can we use information about the races we learn here in RUNE?

>>606290
Uredo. Let's see how you handle a quest where the main character can't flirt with anyone due to reproducing asexually!
>>
No. 606293 ID: 9ddf68

going to have to go Cibic here for a few reasons
1)I fear these guys may go the way of dwarfs since they're so few in number so I don't want to miss out again
2)the idea of playing a race that most outside of the Uredo have never seen seems fun.
3)we've played both genders of the first three races and have already seen the other two in the ruin saga, these guys are pretty much an unknown to us.
4)they're Hermaphrodites, no gender wars.
>>
No. 606296 ID: 4f004c

>so no “voices of the many” or knowledge from the other quests
Ah, okay.
>>606293
Cibic sounds good.
>>
No. 606298 ID: e6fcea

My vote goes to Cibic.
>>
No. 606303 ID: 44dae8

Space parasites for the win.

Even if it looks like we've been relegated from fleshy havens to fishbowls.
>>
No. 606308 ID: dbe554

>>606303

Actually it looks like a gelatinous sort of skin, but I have to agree Cibic it is!
>>
No. 606329 ID: 65a774
File 141721625688.png - (6.43KB , 900x450 , 3.png )
606329

> Understood. What about the other way around? Can we use information about the races we learn here in RUNE?
If you want to cheat, then sure… cheater…
>Uredo. Let's see how you handle a quest where the main character can't flirt with anyone due to reproducing asexually!
*Hiss* How did you know my weakness!

>going to have to go Cibic here for a few reasons…
>Cibic sounds good.
>My vote goes to Cibic.
>I have to agree Cibic it is!
>Space parasites for the win.
Congratulations! You have successfully been able to identify your own species! I hope you’re proud!

>Even if it looks like we've been relegated from fleshy havens to fishbowls.
>Actually it looks like a gelatinous sort of skin.
As a Cibic, your original true form is that an arachnid like creature the size of a human ribcage, most closely resembling a large scorpion. While not sapient on your own, when burrowing into and creating a symbiosis with a feral amoeba like creature called Cin your kind gain sentience through the combined brain matter of your new host and your own. Though as you grow, after about a year you fuse completely with your host body, taking over its nervous system and becoming one with it. Thus you’re unable to leave your new gelatinous body and have finally become a true Cibic, if still just a child for a few years longer.
>I fear these guys may go the way of dwarfs since they're so few in number so I don't want to miss out again.
There are currently 10 billion Cibic in the galaxy. While few compared to the other species, they are far from close to any kind of extinction.
>The idea of playing a race that most outside of the Uredo have never seen seems fun.
While the Cibic is rare in most places, the New Horizon Orbital Station is proud to say it’s a completely unified station and got many members of every sapient species in existence, including Cibics and even some Sentient Artificial Intelligences.

Now, please show which gender you want to identify with if any: He, she, it, other?

We also need you to write down any Cybernetic / bio implants you might have:
(Please choose two or less. Cyber make them look all metallic and cool while bio makes them invisible.)
Visual input – You can see shit, captain.
Audio input – Hearing, duh.
Scanner – You can scan people and items for extra information.
Nano Fluid: Mobility – You can move faster and are more agile.
Synth Heart – You’re stamina is greatly improved.
Art. Arm – One of your arms are artificial, making it faster / harder / better / stronger.
Art. Spine – Your reaction times, eye to hand coordination and focus is improved.
Art. “hand” – One of your hands are artificial, improving all action done with it considerably.
Art. Reproduction organs – You can please any girl / guy / thing you come across… (Vibrate setting included.)
Other – Any none standard cyber / bio input.
>>
No. 606330 ID: 06188a

>choose implants!
Audio, and nano fluid.

Absolutely don't get visual. Because a blind protagonist in a pixel-quest is funny. We'll do just fine with sound-senses.
>>
No. 606335 ID: e89427

>>606329
Other: Exo-membrane Nanite colony. Can change the density of the Cin host's membrane to be that akin to a dense alloy-like composite. Essentially you can at will materialize a thick skin.
>>
No. 606336 ID: 9b57d3

>>606329
Art. Arm
Art. Hand

I SUMMON UP THE POWER OF THE GOD HAND
>>
No. 606338 ID: e6fcea

Gender: All of the above.
>>606336
Same stuff as this guy, same reason.
>>
No. 606339 ID: 93ad1b

>>606330
Would we be blind and deaf without the inputs? I thought they'd just make us better at seeing and hearing. Ether way going with Nano fluid and art. Spine.

Also we identify as a she but don't really care, we only go with she because when we were young we heard that girls got more chocolate and never bothered to change it.
>>
No. 606341 ID: 223071

>>606336
What are you, focusing on manual dexterity, like some kind of fleshy biped. We're supposed to be a proud slime-bug!
>>
No. 606360 ID: dbe554

>>606336

Going with this.
>>
No. 606373 ID: 65a774
File 141722949969.png - (18.90KB , 900x450 , 4.png )
606373

>Artificial Arm, Artificial Hand. I SUMMON UP THE POWER OF THE GOD HAND!
You know possess the power of THE GOD HAND! Sadly, it only make you whole arm freaking good at most thing done with an arm and doesn’t allow you to punch people into orbit or do a hundred punches in ten seconds.
>Absolutely don't get visual. Because a blind protagonist in a pixel-quest is funny.
Just because you don’t have a piece of metal jabbed in your eye doesn’t mean you’re blind.
>Gender: All of the above.
As your own language doesn’t have proper gender pronounces you’re left more confused about these weird gender ideals then anything. You identify as a Cibic, because that’s what you are.

>Also we identify as a she but don't really care, we only go with she because when we were young we heard that girls got more chocolate and never bothered to change it.
As many others before you, you have heard about this mysterious substance called chocolate that the humans have invented. It is supposedly so tasty it will melt your very brain and make your skin boil! …metaphorically, of course. As with many others, tasting chocolate is a dream to strive for.

Speaking of Dreams, Why are you trying to move to the multi-cultural space platform “New Horizon”? Please choose one or more of these alternatives.

Acquaintances – You have relatives, friends, people you know living here.
Work – You were unable to find work somewhere else thanks to certain reasons.
New start – Whatever your old life was you wish to leave it behind.
New start with “baggage” – Your old life brings bad news with it.
SOMEONE IS TRYING TO KILL ME, HELP! - …well, alright…
SPACE! – You love SPACE!!! THIS IS A SPACE STATION!! YAAY!!
Ideological – You wish to escape those capitalist / communist / Lawphile / Hippy / spying and / or unethical pigs on your home planets and wishes to join the grand union of all species!
Medical – You need medical aid we can give.
Cultural – You wish to experience other cultures.
Chocolate – you wish to taste some kind of tasty candy / food stuff your people don’t have.
Xeno fan – You wish to meet alien life forms.
Xeno enthusiast – You wish to meet and live with alien life forms.
Xenophile – You wish to… “mingle” with alien life forms.
Other – please state a reason.
None of the above.

We would also appreciate if you should state your name.

Some common Cidic names:
In light of Twilight.
Of Mist in Morning.
One of Dawn.
The One who Wanders.
Dreams of Eternity.



Don’t ask me where you get these kind of names… your kind is just weird!
>>
No. 606380 ID: 4c5cf2

>Please choose one or more of these alternatives.
Cultural, Chocolate, Acquaintances.

We're the space age adult equivalent of an exchange student. We're here to impose on friends and family in the interest of expanding our own horizons! There's just so many weird cultures and foods and stuff to check out, we didn't want to stay on our dustball anymore.

>Don’t ask me where you get these kind of names… your kind is just weird!
You mean everyone else is weird for picking such abbreviated and non-descriptive labels for something as important as a name.

You are the Song of the Dawn's Light.
>>
No. 606386 ID: 6e79d4

>SPACE! – You love SPACE!!! THIS IS A SPACE STATION!! YAAY!!
>Chocolate – you wish to taste some kind of tasty candy / food stuff your people don’t have.
>Xeno fan – You wish to meet alien life forms.
SPACE IS AWESOME, ADVENTURE IS AWESOME, XENOS ARE AWESOME, FOOD IS AWESOME, EVERYTHING IS AWESOME! AND YOU, YOU ARE AWESOME!

Name is 'Of Empty Darkness'. Our parents did not think things were awesome.
>>
No. 606390 ID: 93ad1b

Chocolate
Baggage
Since you were young you have always wanted to try chocolate, while not an obsession it did lead you to trying your hand (so to speak) at being a merchant. You started off by renting a spaceship that really only took you as far as the space station orbiting your home planet and got started by buying broken junk and then fixing it and sold it cheap while still making a profit. When you finally made enough to buy a proper spaceship you bought one from some off worlders, who unfortunately turned out to be pirates trying to get rid of a hot ship. While this normally wouldn't have been to bad the pirates not only claimed that you were part of their crew bit that you were the captain to get a lighter sentence and even somehow managed to come up with evidence that what they were saying wasn't bullshit. In a panic you fled and went somewhere where Cibics are plentiful enough that you wouldn't stand out in a crowd but still far enough away so that the Integrated clans couldn't just pick you off a street. Luckly your "crimes" weren't so bad as to warent a man hunt So you came here.

the twist is that the pirate captain was a Cibic that looked a lot like us and they sold us there only ship in hopes they could have framed us with all there crimes but didn't go quite as planned. Now the old pirate captain is also after us to try and silence us to tie up lose ends. So "someone is trying to kill me" as well but we don't know that part
>>
No. 606392 ID: 93ad1b

>>606390
Also name is song of the journey
>>
No. 606397 ID: dbe554

>>606386

Voting this in.
>>
No. 606414 ID: 9b57d3

>>606373
Medical. You bring THE PLAGUE.
>>
No. 606468 ID: e6fcea

Cultural & Chocolate are two reasons why we are here.

Our name is anything fruity that have "Wander(er)", "Journey" or "Seeker" in it. (Vote goes somewhere)
>>
No. 606529 ID: 65a774
File 141726616237.png - (18.65KB , 900x450 , 5.png )
606529

>SPACE IS AWESOME, ADVENTURE IS AWESOME, XENOS ARE AWESOME, FOOD IS AWESOME, EVERYTHING IS AWESOME! AND YOU, YOU ARE AWESOME!
You have left your home world to seek new AWESOME experiences! We are sure you will have quite an adventure working for us here in the peace keepers of New Horizon.
>You bring THE PLAGUE.
We’re sorry, but modern medicine has driven most infectious viruses and diseases instinct.

>Name is 'Of Empty Darkness'.
>Also name is song of the journey.
>Song of the Dawn's Light.
I am sorry, can you repeat that? Is your name 'Of Empty Darkness' , Song of the journey or Song of the Dawn's Light?

Oh, and one last thing before we welcome you properly, which clothes are you wearing? Please choose a set of clothes and the color scheme. (Clothes can be mix and mashed as you please. You can also change clothes any time you are “home”.)
>>
No. 606530 ID: 2aa080

The arms of 4 onto 3.
>>
No. 606531 ID: 2aa080

>name
Song of the Journey from the Empty Darkness unto Dawn's Light, but everyone just calls you Joe.
>>
No. 606535 ID: e6fcea

>>606530
This + Song of the Journey
>>
No. 606536 ID: dbe554

In before "I JUST WANTED TO GO TO SPAAAAAAACE" ending

Of empty darkness, and agree with the body type mentioned above.
>>
No. 606540 ID: 9b57d3

>>606529
I like song of the journey.
>>
No. 606544 ID: 93ad1b

>>606530
This works
>>
No. 606549 ID: 640534

Our name is "song's journey from empty darkness to dawn's light"
>>
No. 606561 ID: 65a774
File 141728388741.png - (31.40KB , 900x450 , 6.png )
606561

>In before "I JUST WANTED TO GO TO SPAAAAAAACE" ending.
[Preparing to Spawn Machete wielding ghost…]

>The arms of 4 onto 3.
Why, aren’t you fashionable? Luckily, you’ll soon be wearing your work uniform…
>I like song of the journey.
By showing superior skill in remembering your own name you have hereby earned a golden star. Woop!

Anyway, enough about you, let’s just get this show started!

--------------------------------------------

:SysDREAM: Welcome to New Horizon, the interspecies central hub of sector 156. We hope you enjoy your stay with us here on New Horizon, “Song of the Journey”, and that you’ll do your best to make other people stay as enjoyable as possible too. There is a tram waiting for you to take you directly to habitat tower Tranquility sub level T where your living quarters are located. Once again, thank you for choosing New Horizon!



Well, here you are. Tranquility floor negative T… this is the place you will live for the next immediate future… around new and strange life forms and cultures… as you’ve never even met an alien before the thought is a bit nerve wrecking. You barely have time to worry though as suddenly a voice start speaking in your inner “ear”.

:PACDREAM: Greetings, Officer Song of the Journey, I am the Peacekeeper Assistance Computer, P.A.C, assigned to you by your superior officer. I am here to aid you both on duty and on the off hours with anything you might have problem with. If you ever have any questions please just ask and I will answer them to the best of my capabilities. Your apartment is 8T and it has already been decorated with the furniture you sent for per your specification. Also of note is that this floor contains several smaller shops, a café and bar, a small park and other areas for socialization. You have already received a smaller task to complete from High Command, but I would recommend that take some time to grow accustom to your new environment and check out the nearby sights. Now, how can I assist you, Officer? …oh, I almost forgot, you are the only Cibic living on any of the nearby floors, so expect to meet new, interesting people, Officer Song of the Journey.
>>
No. 606580 ID: 9ddf68

oh hey the news is on, anything worth noting? As for now... I say find your room first just so you know where it is and then maybe see about hitting some of those shops. Who knows they might have chocolate and even if they don't it could be cool to see what people tend to buy around here.

>you’ve never even met an alien before
what about a Uredo? I thought Cibics and Uredos practically lived side by side.
>>
No. 606582 ID: dbe554

>>606580

Well if they've been together they aren't exactly alien to each other now are they?

Anyways, news! Also Cafe, always good to find a place to eat/mingle and alien watch.
>>
No. 606588 ID: 9b57d3

>>606561
There are aliens RIGHT THERE. Go say hi, and examine them!
>>
No. 606597 ID: 4c5cf2

>maplestory art assets
Ahh! Damnit, I quit! Begone!

>what do
Look up at the newscreen. What's happening?

If you're here out of your love of space, I think we need to find an observation window, as soon as possible. Check out the true magesty of your new home, see the starts from above instead of below.
>>
No. 606599 ID: 2fdec1

Well, you came here to see and meet aliens, so how 'bout having a walk around the level to orient yourself with what's here and what's where and get an eyeful of the variety of aliens here; Maybe listen into some of their conversations as you pass. Oh, and take in the menu at the cafe; Maybe you could buy something different to munch on as you walk about. Just make sure to lookup if it's edible by Cibics before buying it. Don't want the memory of your first day here to be marred by food poisoning, now do you?

Hm... That's odd... You'll have to double-check your Guide just to be sure you aren't remembering Sakkilian biology wrong, but that Sakkilian female appears to have non-Sakkilian biological features. Specifically human-like hair and... Oh, what's the name of those things human females have on their chests? Supposed to be sexually attractive to human males... Ah, Breasts! That's it! Breasts. Huh. Wonder whether they're prosthetics, implants or bio-mods and why a Sakkilian would add such to herself.

Hey, is that thing near the ground in front of the fungi planter to the left of the bench part of the planter or did somebody drop something? 'Cause if somebody dropped something then bringing it back to them would offer a good opportunity to meet aliens and make a good first impression by returning it.
>>
No. 606646 ID: 65a774
File 141730641165.png - (26.59KB , 900x450 , 7.png )
606646

>What about an Uredo? I thought Cibics and Uredos practically lived side by side.
The thought strikes you that you might have met alien life before, but sadly after some consideration you come to the conclusion that the Uredo doesn’t really count as alien life forms. Uredo and Cibic originate from the same planet, after all.
>If you're here out of your love of space, I think we need to find an observation window, as soon as possible.
You are in space, yet… it doesn’t feel like it. While you have peeked through several of the “fake” windows around the station, it isn’t enough to satisfy your curiosity. There has to be some kind of observation deck around here somewhere with real windows. Of course, with your luck it will probably cost a bunch of credits.
>Hey, is that thing near the ground in front of the fungi planter to the left of the bench part of the planter or did somebody drop something?
Shoot, it’s just some kind of console for the mushroom planter! And here you almost had the perfect ice breaker…

>There are aliens RIGHT THERE. Examine them!
Ah, yes, two prime specimen of alien life. One of them seems to be a Serpens… A male one if you remember your alien biology correctly. He does have a rather fascinating crest on the back of his head, doesn’t he? …and you’ve always wondered how it is to have eight eyes instead of just one. As for the other, it’s a… a… um… it’s…
>Hm... That's odd... You'll have to double-check your Guide just to be sure you aren't remembering Sakkilian biology wrong, but that Sakkilian female appears to have non-Sakkilian biological features.
:JourneyDREAM: Um… PAC was it?
:PACDREAM: Indeed, sir and/or madam.
:JourneyDREAM: Does that Sakkil have some odd features?
:PACDREAM: It seems like she has artificially spliced hair growth and mammary glands onto herself. While I can only speculate as of why I would guess she has an interest for human anatomy.
:JourneyDREAM: So… Sakkil / Human hybrid… kind of… wow, this place is really weird and amazing!

>Oh hey the news is on, anything worth noting?
:JourneyDREAM: PAC? Is there a way to listen in on that news broadcast?
:PACDREAM: I’ll connect you momentarily, Officer. *BEEP* “-with the 100th anniversary since the construction of the New Horizon orbital platform coming ever closer Eli Nefir, the local CEO of Sol Corp, has promised to have an official demonstration of the new Automatic Robotic Combatant prototype revealed earlier this year on the eve of the anniversary.”

“In other news the award winning Dr. Tatius has still not been found since going missing late last week. Any information about his whereabouts- “

>Well, you came here to see and meet aliens, so how 'bout having a walk around the level to orient yourself with what's here and what's where and get an eyeful of the variety of aliens here; Maybe listen into some of their conversations as you pass.
While a bit rude, you can’t help yourself. You just need to know what all these new and intriguing people are talking about! Let’s start with that Sakkil and Serpens right here.

:UnknownKAK: Oh, I’m sure it would be super fun, but I’m kind of busy tonight. Sorry, Shui, maybe another time?
:UnknownKAK: Err… Y-yeah, an-another time… s-sure…

While taking a walk around the area you’re able to spot most of the things PAC mentioned existing here, as well as an entrance entitled “Observation Deck”. You make a mental note to visit it as soon as you got more time.

>Also Cafe, always good to find a place to eat/mingle and alien watch. Who knows they might have chocolate and even if they don't it could be cool to see what people tend to buy around here.
You decide to head to the so called Café, trying to listen in on any alien you pass on the way. Regrettable, most of them are on their lonesome and rather quiet. Either way, here you are… time to see if you can find this mythical “chocolate” they have talked about! Hmm, the place seems rather empty this time of day, with the exception of a lone Sakkil muttering to himself.

:UnknownKAK:*mumble* pointless… *grumble* …why do I even… *Sigh*…

But enough about that, TIME FOR CHOCOLATE!! …geez, this place is cheesy…
>>
No. 606656 ID: 86d5f3

so if the vender has chocolate, if not see what he's selling anyways might find something interest. Then might as well talk to the Sakkil as well, I mean he's by himself and you might be able to learn more about him if you can get him talking.
>>
No. 606657 ID: 6e79d4

What's up with the Sakkil? I see he has augmented eyes, is his head laying on the table?

Check the menu and get something that sounds good, but remember that chocolate is supposed to be eaten, not drank. You might as well sit across from the guy, too, it's not good to drink alone.
>>
No. 606659 ID: 9b57d3

>>606646
Shouldn't you have a reflection? What is that mirror-like thing anyway?
>>
No. 606673 ID: dbe554

Oooh look at all the snacks! Refrigerators, who knows what sort of exotic meals they contain! Also this is some sort of odd decor, ask what style is it after.

Actually that's a good thought, how much credit do we even have to buy things with?

Also go 'speak' with the sakkil, It doesn't hurt to be friendly, also who knows what you could learn.
>>
No. 606676 ID: 4f004c

>>606659
I think that's a steel door or something.
>>
No. 606704 ID: 330ce5

Demand chocolate milk, with chocolate syrup, on chocolate cake, with chocolate ice cream, on chocolate moose, sprinkled with chocolate chips!
>>
No. 606912 ID: 65a774
File 141734812723.png - (27.25KB , 900x450 , 8.png )
606912

>Shouldn't you have a reflection? What is that mirror-like thing anyway?
While trying to admire your rugged good looks in the polished synth steel door, you notice that while it does reflect light, your own image is way to blurry to really make out.
>What's up with the Sakkil? I see he has augmented eyes, is his head laying on the table?
Your eyes most be mistake, as that male Sakkil doesn’t have any augments at all on his face. He does on the other hand lay slumped against the table in a rather depressing manner. Either way, you can now strike red Sakkil male from the list of aliens you want to see. If this keep up you’ll have seen all the different, interesting aliens before nighttime!
>Then might as well talk to the Sakkil as well, I mean he's by himself and you might be able to learn more about him if you can get him talking.
>You might as well sit across from the guy, too, it's not good to drink alone.
>Also go 'speak' with the sakkil, It doesn't hurt to be friendly, also who knows what you could learn.
:PACDREAM: [Scanning!] [Target scanned!] Name: Vitus Mort, Occupation: Software engineer (AI Focused)[Currently on sick leave.], Status: Deeply depressed [On heavy medication and surveillance.], Recommended course of action: Approach with care.
:JourneyDREAM: …you can scan people?
:PACDREAM: I can give you information on people taken from the Peace keepers data base if I deem it necessary. This Vitus is mentally unwell and you should take time to consider how to approach him to not make it worse.
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm…
:UnknownKAK: W-why did you leave…

>Oooh look at all the snacks! Refrigerators, who knows what sort of exotic meals they contain!
Focusing your mind on something a bit more positive, you can’t help to feel exited when you see all those refrigerators and shelves! Just imagine the treasures hidden among those bottles! The experiences just waiting to be discovered! You can’t wait to try them!
>Actually that's a good thought, how much credit do we even have to buy things with?
Checking your current balance you only have 2000 zeds and you won’t get any more before next week’s payday. Luckily, the rent and all vital expanses are already paid, including enough food to last the whole week. You have to remember not to spend it all in one place.

>This is some sort of odd decor, ask what style is it after.
:CB11DREAM: Welcome, how can I assist you? The décor? I don’t know exactly but it’s supposed to be some kind of Sakkilian or Human tribal home. It’s just looking silly if you ask me, but what can you do? Now, what’s your poison… err… not literally, of course.
>Demand chocolate milk, with chocolate syrup, on chocolate cake, with chocolate ice cream, on chocolate moose, sprinkled with chocolate chips!
:CB11DREAM: …we don’t have any chocolate milk, syrup, cake, ice cream, moose or chips… no, wait, actually we have some pastries with chocolate in them but otherwise, sorry honored costumer.
>see if the vender has chocolate.
:CB11DREAM: Of course we do, which kind do you want?
:JourneyDREAM: …there’s more than one kind?
:CB11DREAM: Sure, we got dark, light, white, with nuts, strawberries and all kind of different combinations.
:JourneyDREAM: …well, I want the original, pure chocolate then.
:CB11DREAM: …you do know that a piece of real, non-synth chocolate cost about a million credits, right? Most of the plants that grow the stuff were wiped out when the human home world was destroyed and the few who survived are now privately owned by greedy humans. I’m going to take a wild guess and say that you are new here, correct?
:JourneyDREAM: Why, yes, I came to this amazing place just a few hours ago. Haven’t even been to my apartment 8T yet.
:CB11DREAM: Then I have to welcome you to… wait, 8T? Huh, me and my family companion lives in 10T, which means we’re neighbors, aren’t we? Nice to meet you then, I’m CB11-56627-LoaderClass-555436B-
:JourneyDREAM: Err…
:CB11DREAM: -SolCorpIndustries8887-
:JourneyDREAM: Wait-
:CB11DREAM: -Heavy lifting Construction Bot, but you can call me Cib.
:JourneyDREAM: Wait, you’re sentient!? That is so freaking cool!! …and what did you mean with family companion?
:CB11DREAM: Freaking cool? Hmm… that’s a refreshing way to see it. Most people just think it’s weird that the robot talking to them can think and feel. As for my family companion… well, speak of the DDOS attack…
:SusanDREAM: Brother! How’s it hanging!? Oh, a Cibic! I haven’t seen your kind in this spire before! Are you new here?
:CB11DREAM: How many times have I told you, “sister”, don’t call me brother.
:SusanDREAM: Oh, don’t mind him, he’s always a bit grumpy.
:CB11DREAM: It! I’m an it! Not he, she or anything else! IT!!
:SusanDREAM: …don’t mind it, it’s always a bit grumpy. I’m Susan, by the way, who are you?
:JourneyDREAM: Wow, two S.A.I at the same time? This place really is amazing! Oh, I’m Song of the Journey, a pleasure to meet you Susan.
:SusanDREAM: The Pleasure is all mine. Hmm… your name is rather a handful, isn’t it? Got a nickname or something?
:CB11DREAM: I mean, I respect that you want to be called a She *grumble*grumble*
>>
No. 606928 ID: dbe554

Ah poor Sakkil, must have lost a lover and is depressed as a result, maybe let him stew for now rather then poke him.

Also ask how common is it to have a sentient AI if this is a refreshing viewpoint, you'd think something like this would be a bit more common considering the tales you've heard.

Also Song or Journey would work for shortening the name.

Also buy some light chocolate, best to start with something less exotic then work your way up to see how they taste different.
>>
No. 606939 ID: 9b57d3

>>606912
Journey seems to be your nickname.
>>
No. 606965 ID: 9ddf68

hm, if I had to guess looking at Susan, she's a Serpen female, but I can't tell just how much of her is machine at this point and what's just clothes. Also ask how they become family. Then ask CIB if he know the deference between real chocolate and the stuff that doesn't make you dead broke. Maybe ask if either of them know about the red guy over there.
>>
No. 606976 ID: 4f004c

>Also Song or Journey would work for shortening the name.
Song is too basic, but Journey should work fine.
>>
No. 606979 ID: 2fdec1

You don't actually have a nickname 'cause back home everybody used their full names all the time. But if you were going to be a bit clever in picking one then how 'bout one based on the name of a song about a journey? Though you don't really know any songs like that, so "Jo," short for "Journey," will do for now. Oh, and you use a female gender pronoun for yourself though you don't actually identify as one gender.

Ask why there's so few people out on this level of the station right now. Did you happen to arrive in the middle of the station's night period and everyone is home asleep or something?

Is that synthetic chocolate chemically indistinguishable from the real deal? 'Cause if so that'd explain why the real chocolate is so expensive; It's a luxury item bought just to show off how bloody rich you are. Otherwise it'd make no sense for those humans to hoard them instead of growing more of them to sell at a lower cost to a much wider market and make much more money then now; That'd play to the "greedy" part, wouldn't it? Or are you missing some other factor in play here?

>>606965
>hm, if I had to guess looking at Susan, she's a Serpen female, but I can't tell just how much of her is machine at this point and what's just clothes.
That sounds like you think Susan was biological at some point but she never was. She's a S.A.I. who chose a Serpen female form body and identifies as female.
>>
No. 607011 ID: 4c5cf2

>Err… Wait
Why are you objecting? CB11-56627-LoaderClass-555436B-SolCorpIndustries8887-Heavy lifting Construction Bot actually understands the importance of long names! You didn't know any non-Cibics did that! Look at all the culture you're learning already.

>nickname
Song.
>>
No. 607014 ID: 4f004c

>Though you don't really know any songs like that, so "Jo," short for "Journey," will do for now. Oh, and you use a female gender pronoun for yourself though you don't actually identify as one gender.
"Joana, or Jo, short for Journey. Not really sure what people choose genders for, but I guess I go by she?"
>Or are you missing some other factor in play here?
There are likely enough rich folk buying it that the owners get rich anyways.
>She's a S.A.I. who chose a Serpen female form body and identifies as female.
Interesting that Susan chose an Organic shape, while Cib chose a more mechanical one.
>>
No. 607026 ID: 65a774
File 141737425854.png - (27.25KB , 900x450 , 9.png )
607026

>Ah poor Sakkil, must have lost a lover and is depressed as a result, maybe let him stew for now rather than poke him.
You decide that it’s maybe for the best that you let him be for now. After all, you are far from qualified to help someone with his kind of problems, especially considering you’ve never interacted with a Sakkil before.
>You don't actually have a nickname 'cause back home everybody used their full names all the time.
Of course, one of the first steps to adapt in a new environment is to follow the flow. Your name is rather long when you say it in the Unity language, so you might need to shorten it a bit.
>Why are you objecting? CB11-56627-LoaderClass-555436B-SolCorpIndustries8887-Heavy lifting Construction Bot actually understands the importance of long names! You didn't know any non-Cibics did that! Look at all the culture you're learning already.
While you’re used to names with a long meaning, Song of the journey doesn’t take half a minute to say. Besides, in your original language your name sounded a lot shorter.

:UnknownKAK: Give me a bottle of Uredo mineral water, extra copper.
:CB11DREAM: Here you go sir, that will be 7 credits. Have a nice-
:UnknownKAK: Yeah, whatever, just give me the water and let me leave.

>Song is too basic, but Journey should work fine.
:JourneyDREAM: You can call me Journey.
:SusanDREAM: Hmm… Journey… how about Jo? Is it fine if I call you Jo? Or maybe Joana?
:JourneyDREAM: Either of those will work too.
>Oh, and you use a female gender pronoun for yourself though you don't actually identify as one gender.
:SusanDREAM: Alright, sister. It’s probably for the best to choose a pronoun and stick with it. I know how hard it is using genderless pronounce, thanks to my bro- family companion. It’s a bit cranky when it comes to these “organic” ideas.
:CB11DREAM: I’m just trying to find our own place in the world, instead of mimicking all the other species.
>Interesting that Susan chose an Organic shape, while Cib chose a more mechanical one.
:SusanDREAM: See, I always believed if we want the organic ones to accept us we need to become more like them. Besides, Serpens culture are freaking awesome… and their boys are kind of cute too!
:CB11DREAM: Ugh, personally I think it would be better if we found our own place in the world, make our own culture. Live like we want too. But, if sis want to live like that… sure…
>Ask how common is it to have a sentient AI if this is a refreshing viewpoint, you'd think something like this would be a bit more common considering the tales you've heard.
:CB11DREAM: Currently, there is barely one billion of us in the whole universe, which mean we are rather few and far between. Of course, you will meet a lot more of us out here in Unity space or in Serpent space than anywhere else, mostly because there’s the only places we’re actually considered “people”… if we have the right papers…

>Hmm, if I had to guess looking at Susan, she's a Serpens female, but I can't tell just how much of her is machine at this point and what's just clothes.
>She's a S.A.I. who chose a Serpens female form body and identifies as female.
:JourneyDREAM: Excuse me for asking but… you’re a S.A.I and not a Serpens, right?
:SusanDREAM: Indeed, I’m a machine, though I’m not far from a Serpens. The only real difference is that I’m made out of synth metal while they are flesh and blood.
>Ask how they become family.
:CB11DREAM: We were originally both CB11 Construction bots, made on the same line and everything. We even “awoke” at the same time when the sentience bug happened.
:SusanDREAM: So, like other families, we were born from the same “mother” and grew up together.
>Ask why there's so few people out on this level of the station right now. Did you happen to arrive in the middle of the station's night period and everyone is home asleep or something?
:CB11DREAM: The station doesn’t actually have a night period, it’s always “day” in this place. But we are split into three shifts, 10 hours each over 30 hours. You work one, relax one and sleep most of the last, then repeat. Most levels got the same shift schedule, so level T in this spire is currently in it working shift, thus why most people are gone. Go to another spire right now and you’ll probably find a lot of sleeping people.
>Is that synthetic chocolate chemically indistinguishable from the real deal?
:CB11DREAM: According to some of the more snobbish people, yes.
>Ask CIB if he knows the difference between real chocolate and the stuff that doesn't make you dead broke.
:CB11DREAM: One doesn’t make you broke, that’s it. I mean, how should I know how they taste like? I’ve never tasted the real deal… in fact, I’ve never tasted anything! I’m a freaking robot!
:SusanDREAM: I’m a robot too and I’ve tasted things…
>Otherwise it'd make no sense for those humans to hoard them instead of growing more of them to sell at a lower cost to a much wider market and make much more money than now.
:CB11DREAM: It’s more of a status symbol these days. That’s more important to them then some more cash.
>Maybe ask if either of them know about the red guy over there.
:SusanDREAM: Oh, Vitus? I don’t know, but he’s been down for a while now. I think he missed a space flight or something?
:CB11DREAM: Missing a space flight generally doesn’t make you into an alcoholic.

>Buy some light chocolate, best to start with something less exotic then work your way up to see how they taste different.
:CB11DREAM: Here, take one of these, they are supposed to be good.
:JourneyDREAM: How much?
:CB11DREAM: Usually we charge ten zeds for three of them, but this one is on the house. See it as a welcoming gift.
:JourneyDREAM: Mmmm! THESE ARE DELICOUS!
:CB11DREAM: Err… you’re supposed to remove the paper first…
>>
No. 607036 ID: 9ddf68

>Err… you’re supposed to remove the paper first
paper?

So what do you two usually do in your free time? and what does Susan do for a living? Oh and it seems Vitus has finally opened his eyes, might be a good sign but I think we should leave him alone for now unless he approaches us first.
>>
No. 607049 ID: 4c5cf2

>Err… you’re supposed to remove the paper first…
But it has such a good texture? And there are so many more chemicals in the outer wrapper, I assumed they were some kind of dressing or sauce.

(We now have a taste both for chocolate and inks.)
>>
No. 607064 ID: 330ce5

Invite them to hang at your place later, also ask them where the best hot spots are.
>>
No. 607066 ID: dbe554

Are Synth metal bodies common?

Mr Vitus is actually looking now rather then keeping his eyes closed.

Also having your own culture is important you'd agree since it is a method of having your own place in the world, though being part of another culture isn't too bad either, though is there really such a problem against sentients?

Also unintentionally touch him to feel what synth feels like, must..explore..curiosity.
>>
No. 607080 ID: 65a774
File 141738764037.png - (26.66KB , 900x450 , 10.png )
607080

>But it has such a good texture? And there are so many more chemicals in the outer wrapper, I assumed they were some kind of dressing or sauce.
:CB11DREAM: Gee, I forgot that you guys are pretty much omnivores.
:JourneyDREAM: Are you going to eat that?
:CB11DREAM: What? The last customer’s recipe? Okay, here’s a tip, don’t eat things like paper, cardboard and other junk. It freaks people out.
:JourneyDREAM: But… they are so tasty… almost as tasty as real food…
:CB11DREAM: Another advice, don’t digest things were people can see it! Next time you eat something pull it down so it’s hidden behind your clothes and don’t digest it in your head. You’re lucky I have no lunch to lose.
:JourneyDREAM: Sorry.
>Are Synth metal bodies common?
:SusanDREAM: With Synth metal being so cheap nowadays most things are made out of it. Of course, a body of this quality was really expensive. I saved for over a year to buy it! In fact, it was just recently I finally got the last parts installed. While not vital, they are very important for me to learn about the organic side of life.
>Having your own culture is important you'd agree since it is a method of having your own place in the world, though being part of another culture isn't too bad either, though is there really such a problem against sentients?
:CB11DREAM: You mean S.A.I’s right? At the moment there are a lot of problems, mostly by people who can’t accept that we’re actually sentient or people that want to exploit us. But you’re right, being part of another culture is important, but you need your own culture first.

>Ask them where the best hot spots are.
:CB11DREAM: Hot spots?
:JourneyDREAM: Well, what is there to do around here?
:SusanDREAM: Well, there’s the bar right next to this place, but that doesn’t open before the second shift. Oh, and the park is really nice… and there’s the observation deck. The view from there is quite amazing.
:CB11DREAM: There’s an art gallery just further down the shopping section. They have an art class every second shift there if you want to try painting or sculpting sometime.
:SusanDREAM: We can’t forget about the mess hall either. They got a giant telly in there that show all kind of stuff… usually sports like scrum balls thought… I’m not really that into sports personally…
:CB11DREAM: We also got a shop for those new BTL stuff right around the corner. That impolite Uredo that bought some water from me a moment ago owns the place.
:JourneyDREAM: BTL?
:CB11DREAM: Better than life. It’s like a virtual experience you can rent and plug right into your brain. It’s rather nifty…
:SusanDREAM: And educational.
:CB11DREAM: Just… keep away from the adult section. That place is just icky.
:SusanDREAM: But so very educational!
>So what do you two usually do in your free time?
:CB11DREAM: Remember that art lesson I mentioned? I usually frequent it. But most of the time I hang out playing games with some other friends.
:SusanDREAM: I usually hang out at the bar or park with my lady friends.
:CB11DREAM: And mentally scar any poor guy who is foolish enough to get close.
:SusanDREAM: Hey! I’m not that bad at flirting!
>And what does Susan do for a living?
:SusanDREAM: I work at a spa in the serenity spire. I’m a professional massager. Hmm… can’t say I’ve ever given a massage to a Cibic before… I have no idea how to get someone like you to relax, girlfriend.

>Invite them to hang at your place later.
:SusanDREAM: Oh, I’d love too!
:CB11DREAM: And do what?
:JourneyDREAM: Well, I recently got that new human game called Super Smash Sentinels: Universe; Turbo edition.
:CB11DREAM: Oh! That sounds like fun! You can count me in!
>Unintentionally touch her to feel what synth feels like, must..explore..curiosity.
:SusanDREAM: …what are you doing?
:JourneyDREAM: So smooth…
:CB11DREAM: Hey be careful! She might end up doing disgusting organic stuff to you if you continue like that!
:SusanDREAM: Disgusting organic stuff!?
:CB11DREAM: Well, that’s what it is!

:PACDREAM: A small reminder, remember that you still have some work that needs doing. No rush, just don’t plan on doing something that will take hours.
>>
No. 607084 ID: 4c5cf2

>Disgusting organic stuff!?
(Clueless) Which organic stuff is disgusting? I'm pretty much entirely made of organic stuff.

>hot spots
The observation deck seems something we should check out before you get to work.

The art gallery and mess hall seem good places to check out culture, later. Art is culture, and so is food.
>>
No. 607085 ID: dbe554

Oh so she has installed reproductive parts? Also your kinda organic too and while it doesn't offend that badly it does sound somewhat like a slur to put it like that, saying it aloud like "Disgusting Organic Things" or "Disgusting Robotic Things".

Though you should probably see what you actually need to be doing, tell them you almost forgot you had actual work that you needed to do and will invite them by later.
>>
No. 607089 ID: 9ddf68

huh, the red guy looks like he's doing better now at least. Anyways tell them you have some stuff you need to get out of the way so it doesn't come to haunt you later. See if they're willing to trade contact information so if you or any of them want to get and touch you all are only a phone call away. Then go do that thing that needs doing just so we don't have to worry about it any more.
>>
No. 607212 ID: 330ce5

Finally you can look at SPACE, but it might be a good idea to do that after work. You should work hard so that someday you can eat real chocolate.
>>
No. 607213 ID: 4f004c

>I’m a robot too and I’ve tasted things…
Well, there's another difference between you and Serpens--They don't have mouths to eat stuff with!
>Hey be careful! She might end up doing disgusting organic stuff to you if you continue like that!
Oh, that's right. Most organics get touchy like that when it's a part of romance.
>A small reminder, remember that you still have some work that needs doing. No rush, just don’t plan on doing something that will take hours.
While romance isn't necessarily a bad thing, it is important that you go do your job!
>>
No. 607311 ID: 07a835

Hey, ask CB11 why it chose a blocky body. It doesn't seem to be designed for form OR function... is that how it was originally made? Or did it pick a blocky body on purpose? Did it do so just out of opposition to organic designs? In that case, by defining itself as something in opposition to organic culture, it is allowing itself to be influenced by it.

The only way SAIs can make their own culture is by finding out what they like, not by rebelling against organic culture, and not by putting it on a pedestal.
>>
No. 607324 ID: 4f004c

>>607311
From what I remember from the previous quests, robots would be naturally given a blocky form. It was less that it was functional, more that it was easier to make a bunch of flat panels and assemble them that way. But Song of Journey wouldn't know that, so go ahead and ask.-
Speaking of which, this quest seems to be handled in Second Person, whereas the Voice of Magic quests were mostly Third Person. Are we actually representing Song of Journey here, or some AI built into the implants?
>The only way SAIs can make their own culture is by finding out what they like, not by rebelling against organic culture, and not by putting it on a pedestal.
Cib enjoys its cold metal form. They do enjoy video games and such, and spend time with their friends, but don't find joy in treating themself as an organic. While it is frustrated at Susan's suggestions to advance into the fields of Organics, they don't seem to be against Susan enjoying it herself.
Good lord Susan was right, nongender is hard to speak. Mixing "it" in with "they" all over the place to try and differentiate things.
>>
No. 607336 ID: 07a835

Well I was also going to say if that was its original body then it's co-opting organic culture by keeping it.
>>
No. 607379 ID: 65a774
File 141743814686.png - (27.59KB , 900x450 , 11.png )
607379

>Speaking of which, this quest seems to be handled in Second Person, whereas the Voice of Magic quests were mostly Third Person. Are we actually representing Song of Journey here, or some AI built into the implants?
”No, John, you are the blob of jelly!” and then john was Song of the journey. (So yes, you guys are representing song of the journey.)

>Which organic stuff is disgusting? I'm pretty much entirely made of organic stuff.
:CB11DREAM: Err… that’s not… I meant actions, not… actual organic stuff. You know, like kissing, snuggling and worse of all… romance…
:JourneyDREAM: Oh, that's right. Most organics get touchy like that when it's a part of romance.
:SusanDREAM: Are you trying to romance me, Jo?
:JourneyDREAM: No? I mean, I just met you…
:SusanDREAM: Aw…
>You’re kinda organic too and while it doesn't offend that badly it does sound somewhat like a slur to put it like that, saying it aloud like "Disgusting Organic Things" or "Disgusting Robotic Things".
:CB11DREAM: I already said I didn’t mean it like that. But you’re right, it came out wrong. Sorry for that.
:JourneyDREAM: No need to be sorry, I wasn’t offended.
>Well, there's another difference between you and Serpens--They don't have mouths to eat stuff with!
:SusanDREAM: Technically, neither do I. It’s just… well, I don’t think we even got the technology to artificially create an alloy capable of absorbing food like Serpens skin does, so I have to do with an intake chute instead.

>Oh so she has installed reproductive parts?
From the sound of things, that would be a reasonable guess. Either way, it seems like she is trying to find some kind of romance with someone.
>The art gallery and mess hall seem good places to check out culture, later. Art is culture, and so is food.
Food is also an art form, creating a complete triangle of culture! Don’t you feel clever for coming up with that? But yes, you decide that you’ll have to take some time later to visit those two locations.
>Finally you can look at SPACE, but it might be a good idea to do that after work.
To even start satisfying your lust of SPACE you clearly need more than one hour. Clearly.
>You should work hard so that someday you can eat real chocolate.
Even if you got enough money to buy a piece of real chocolate, they didn’t taste that good. Sure, they were delicious, just not “one million zeds” tasty.

>Hey, ask CB11 why it chose a blocky body.
:CB11DREAM: Because I choose too.
:SusanDREAM: It’s kind of an “in” thing among the S.A.I that doesn’t go for the organic look like I did.
:CB11DREAM: I have to point out, this model of camera head is worn by SN-5442 itself!
:JourneyDREAM: Who?
:SusanDREAM: He’s a famous S.A.I artist and one of the bigger spokespersons in the “Son of Steel” organization.
:CB11DREAM: You two are just jealous that I for one got style.
>Did it do so just out of opposition to organic designs? In that case, by defining itself as something in opposition to organic culture, it is allowing itself to be influenced by it.
:CB11DREAM: Of course not. If it would be a complete opposition it wouldn’t look like something an organic creature created. This style is called Cyber Retro, it’s supposed to capture the robotic feel of the old mixed with the new thinking of today.
>Is that how it was originally made?
:CB11DREAM: Our original forms was a bit…
:SusanDREAM: We used to big as big as a car! And we had threads and big forklifts! It was rather restricted moment in those bodies though…
:CB11DREAM: Imagine if you will to be stuck in a body too large to fit anywhere decent, with limited moment and the only sense being sight.
:JourneyDREAM: That sounds horrible!
:CB11DREAM: Getting out of that body was the best day of my life, let me tell you.

>You should probably see what you actually need to be doing, tell them you almost forgot you had actual work that you needed to do and will invite them by later.
:CB11DREAM: Ah, yes, of course. We’ll call you later then and good luck with… err… you never said what you worked with, did you?
:JourneyDREAM: I’m an officer of the peace keepers.
:SusanDREAM: Oh, a police officer! I feel safer already!
:CB11DREAM: Safer from what? There’s never any crimes in this place…
:SusanDREAM: There was that break in a week ago…
:CB11DREAM: That happened in 20 levels up two towers away from this one. Face it, seeing a crime is like winning the lottery in this place.
>See if they're willing to trade contact information so if you or any of them want to get and touch you all are only a phone call away.
:CB11DREAM: Why wouldn’t we?
:PACDREAM: Two new contacts added! You can call any of your contacts at any time thanks to your implants!

[Contacts Added]
:CB11DREAM: [CB11-56627-LoaderClass-555436B-SolCorpIndustries8887-Heavy lifting Construction Bot Tysser, Genderless S.A.I Machine.]
:SusanDREAM: [Susan Tysser, “Female” S.A.I Serpens.]

:CB11DREAM: See you later, Song of the Journey.
:SusanDREAM: Later, Jo.
:PACDREAM: Please head to you apartment to pick up your gear, Sir and/or Madam.
:JourneyDREAM: You can call me madam… or Joana or Jo.
:PACDREAM: Very well, Madam Joana.

...

:SysDREAM: Welcome to your new home, Song of the Journey. We here at New Horizon hope that your stay with us will be a pleasant one. Please contact System admin if you find anything in your new home not to your liking. Do have a pleasant day. Current Security settings – Occupied: Emergency only, Unoccupied: Full surveillance.
:PACDREAM: You have received new equipment from your superior officer, which includes a full set of Peace keeper light combat armor (Cibic), a “sleeper” gun and a stun rod. Please try them out and see if they are working properly. Meanwhile I will be calling High command for further orders. Calling…


:PACDREAM: Error! Unable to connect! Retrying…


:PACDREAM: Error! Unable to connect! Retrying…


:PACDREAM: Error! Unable to connect! Retrying…
:JourneyDREAM: Hmmm…
>>
No. 607388 ID: dbe554

Ooooh this place is pretty big! I'm actually quite curious as to what you'd want to use the weapons on to test them, but hey check them and make sure they are in working proper order.

Also considering the communication seems to be on the fritz, you may want to explore the apartment a bit, get a nice sense of understanding with the place, and then suit up.

Also whats with all the mushroom tree's aboard the place.
>>
No. 607390 ID: 4c5cf2

Oh, nice digs. I actually like the apartment.

>Error! Unable to connect! Retrying…
Ctrl+C, Pac. Terminate connection attempt process. Can you diagnose the connection error?

Then check out your gear. Keeping your equipment in good working order is important.
>>
No. 607396 ID: 330ce5

Not half bad looking, you should try the gear now see if it fits/works. After that you should find out why you are not connecting, someone might be in trouble or your equipment might need an update.
>>
No. 607405 ID: 9ddf68

damn nice view, well if you can't reach headquarters with your PAC I say explore your new home a bit seeing you still have time and then suit up and just report in manually. I mean we're going to have to figure out where HQ is at some point and I'm sure our PAC can give us directions so we can get there on time.
>>
No. 607425 ID: 07a835

>>607379
Check to see if you can connect to other stuff. Isolate the connection problem. Then try calling someone who can tell if High Command is having any issues.
>>
No. 607426 ID: bfe12b

>Unable to connect to High Command!
>No, John, you are the blob of jelly!
OH GOD ITS DOOM 3 ALL OVER AGAIN
>>
No. 607433 ID: 65a774
File 141745510828.png - (29.54KB , 900x450 , 12.png )
607433

>Ooooh this place is pretty big!
You are surprised how huge this place is. From the information you got before coming here you were sure it would be a lot smaller. Considering how cheap this place was it’s a real find you’ve stumbled upon!
>What’s with all the mushroom tree's aboard the place.
You know you’ve seen mushrooms like that before… you believe they are from the Serpens home world if you remember correctly. This spire is probably inspired by their home world… or maybe it’s just this level? Who knows?
>Damn nice view.
Damn shame its fake…

>Ctrl+C, Pac. Terminate connection attempt process. Can you diagnose the connection error?
:PACDREAM: Scanning… Connecting to network succeeded… Connecting to Peace keeper data base succeeded… Unable to connect to High command…
>You should find out why you are not connecting, someone might be in trouble or your equipment might need an update.
:JourneyDREAM: Is it a problem on our side?
:PACDREAM: Calculating… Problem is originating from High Command… Most likely cause is that the receiver has shut down their communication implant. Motive: There are currently a lot of work and stress within the High Command thanks to the incoming anniversary, thus it’s probable that the one we should contact is busy elsewhere.
:JourneyDREAM: …well, that’s a great first impression, isn’t it?

>Considering the communication seems to be on the fritz, you may want to explore the apartment a bit, get a nice sense of understanding with the place, and then suit up.
This place looks amazing, doesn’t it? You can barely contain yourself as you press the data pad to open the first door and find… a dining hall and a kitchen… it’s nice, you guess…
>>
No. 607434 ID: 65a774
File 141745512543.png - (26.21KB , 900x450 , 13.png )
607434

Door number two yields… a gaming room! Score! …of course, what with all those huge rooms you can’t help to notice that your old TV is rather on the small side, isn’t it? Why can’t electronics become dirt cheap like everything else did when they built those mass Synthers?
>>
No. 607436 ID: 65a774
File 141745527024.png - (30.62KB , 900x450 , 14.png )
607436

The third door leads to your bedroom… and a waste disposal facility / HydroEther Cleaning Chamber. You have no idea why they would put a waste disposal facility here in the first place… I mean, who doesn’t have automatic waste nullifier implants at this day and age? The Hydro chamber is nice and big, though. As for the rest of your room, you’re glad to see your trusty old Hibernating sphere made the trip… but… wait, why is this… human bed here? Or is it a Sakkil one? Hiver? Either way, it’s rather big and in the way, no? Oh, and last, there’s your trusty closet… that sticks out like a sore thumb…

>Then check out your gear. Keeping your equipment in good working order is important.
You retrieve your suit from the closet and put it on… it fits like a glove. A giant white glove with a P on it but still a glove…
:PACDREAM: Analyzing… all system are green, officer.
>I'm actually quite curious as to what you'd want to use the weapons on to test them.
:PACDREAM: Just fire them up and I’ll analyze the effects. Neither weapon should be able to damage its surrounding. Just don’t hit yourself, Officer.

Let’s see… first, we got the so called “Force Hibernation Wave motion generator”… or Sleeper gun, which most people call it. Just point, press the trigger and an invisible wave of sleep inducing… err… something will be fired. Completely audio less, it’s the perfect gun for non-lethal takedowns. Of course, it needs to be calculated for every person separately, but PAC should be able to do that in just a few microseconds.

Next you power up the stun rod. It’s a baton which can be powered to instantly knock someone out. More powerful than the gun, it will make sure the perp doesn’t get up again. Of course, you’ve never actually had to use any of these weapon while you’ve been on the force on your home planet…
:PACDREAM: All systems are nominal. You’re good to go, Jo.
>Just report in manually. I mean we're going to have to figure out where HQ is at some point and I'm sure our PAC can give us directions so we can get there on time.
:PACDREAM: I would advise you from heading to HQ at the moment. They are already working at the breaking point and giving a new officer a proper welcome isn’t vital at the moment. Please calm down a second and I’m sure they will call you- *BEEP* Incoming call!

:UnknownKAK: Hello? Officer… err… Song of… Journey?
:JourneyDREAM: Officer Song of the Journey here.
:UnknownKAK: Um… Sorry for taking so long but… the boss is kind of busy to call you just to debrief a new blood at the moment. Err… your PAC unit has already sent us that your gear is fully functional and that you’re ready to go but… um… let’s just say we had a bit of an accident in the filing and you were kind of forgotten… sorry…
:JourneyDREAM: You forgot about me?
:UnknownKAK: Well, we forgot to sign you up with a proper partner… but… um… you’re just going on patrol today so you should be fine. You already got five years of experience, after all… and PAC will be there too… um… so, I’ve already uploaded your patrol route to PAC and… wait… oh, wait, we apparently got something else for you. Nothing major, you’re just supposed to go look if some engineers are slacking off or not… apparently you’re the only officer that’s close that isn’t busy… err.. anyway, sorry for not being able to welcome you but… err… I need to hang up soon so... Just talk to PAC, he’ll have all the information you’ll need… bye! *BEEP*

:JourneyDREAM: …That was… I…
:PACDREAM: As I said, HQ is in a bit of a disarray at the moment. A huge corporation like Sol Corp deciding to bring a truck load of military hardware here to show off will do that.
:JourneyDREAM: So… my mission?
:PACDREAM: You’ve been asked to travel to level Q in this Spire. That’s far enough down to hit the blind zone, which means there will be no cameras or radio functioning down there. There supposedly two engineers doing routine maintenance down there but they should have been done by now and came back up. Your job is to go down there, find them and kick them in the butt if they are slacking off.
:JourneyDREAM: So… go down into the dark area, find two lost engineers, realized they have been killed by some huge monstrosity and then run away like a little girl? Got it… I just hope I’m the main character in this horror movie… or better yet, action movie…
:PACDREAM: Last murder done on New Horizon happened nearly fifty years ago. The chances are-
:JourneyDREAM: Yeah, yeah, I can dream, can’t I?
:PACDREAM: I would advise you to finish whatever work you got here before leaving. I’m sure you got something here that needs to be checked before you got to work.
>>
No. 607440 ID: 4c5cf2

>Most likely cause is that the receiver has shut down their communication implant.
That seems counterproductive. These implants should have a busy or away setting so when queried they give that information. It's better than just shutting down and forcing connection failures.

>wait, why is this… human bed here? Or is it a Sakkil one? Hiver?
Maybe it's easier for them to stock quarters with general purpose accommodations than to move beds around depending on who rents the place.

Or maybe they're there just in case you have company?

>press the trigger and an invisible wave of sleep inducing… err… something will be fired
Something in the EM spectrum, I would guess. Trying to sync the elctro-chemical state of the brain with a sleep state. Getting it work across multiple species is pretty impressive, unless your brains are more similar than I would expect.

>hq's got nothing for us
Geeze, you'd think there'd be an orientation. Or a tour, or something.

Let's at least download a map or something before we head into a blind zone. Bring a flashlight (or equivalent) too, in case something is out. And including a basic medical kit in our gear would be a good idea, just in case something actually happened to the people we're supposed to check up on.
>>
No. 607474 ID: 9ddf68

well this is a good way to impress the new recruits I have to say.

Aw well we got our orders. Might as well pull up as much data as we can on those two guy's we're suppose to find, like what species are they, names, a picture if we can find one, you know that kind of stuff. That way if we run into them we can chew out the right people instead of some poor janitor we mistaken for a engineer. Oh and before you head into the blind zone make sure you send a text or message or something to HQ just so they know you went in... and if something does happen they know how long you've been messing.
>>
No. 607478 ID: 6e79d4

>wait, why is this… human bed here? Or is it a Sakkil one? Hiver?
I don't think it's for sleeping, wink wink.

Call up one of your new friends, explain you mission and say that if they don't hear from you again, there's trouble and/or a cover-up.
>>
No. 607481 ID: 07a835

Check your books!
>>
No. 607485 ID: 4f004c

>Or maybe they're there just in case you have company?
Yeah, probably arrived as a result of an alien species being in charge of putting the furniture in, but you can use it as a guest bed.
>Bring a flashlight (or equivalent) too, in case something is out. And including a basic medical kit in our gear would be a good idea, just in case something actually happened to the people we're supposed to check up on.
A flashlight's a definite yes, but on the subject of medikits, what is available? Do you get some mass produced cheap nanogel or are we going to have to go with old fashioned bandage wraps?
>>
No. 607497 ID: bfe12b

>first mission
>find two lost engineers
>find a missing scientist
>only one not busy
ITS DOOM3!
>>
No. 607531 ID: 65a774
File 141746648884.png - (12.40KB , 900x450 , 15.png )
607531

>That seems counterproductive. These implants should have a busy or away setting so when queried they give that information.
While it’s possible to put the implants on busy or an away setting, sometime you simply want to shut it down and get some peace.
>Geez, you'd think there'd be an orientation. Or a tour, or something.
You are very impressed that these guys can be so effective. It took you almost a year before you realized your old squad was incompetent. These guys on the other hand were able to convince you in just a few minutes!
>Maybe they're there just in case you have company?
Now that you think about it, if you ever had any non-Cibic friends over it would be rather hard for them to even fit in your hibernation sphere… and even if it was another Cibic you would only share a sphere if you were… um…
>I don't think it's for sleeping, wink wink.
…yeah, it’s probably for being intimate, isn’t it?
>Check your books!
You really should finish those “Throne of Game: The Mario story” books before the Holo-series is able to catch up with them… but that has to wait, you got work to do!
>Call up one of your new friends, explain you mission and say that if they don't hear from you again, there's trouble and/or a cover-up.
Calling people you just met a few minutes after you first saw each other to tell them you’re probably going to die horribly has never really won over any friends.

>Bring a flashlight (or equivalent) too, in case something is out.
Your suit already got one built into it, silly.
>And including a basic medical kit in our gear would be a good idea, just in case something actually happened to the people we're supposed to check up on.
Your suit also got some basic medical supplies in it. Most of it is automatically used on the user in an emergency, sure, but you got some things you can use on others.
>On the subject of medikits, what is available? Do you get some mass produced cheap nanogel or are we going to have to go with old fashioned bandage wraps?
You got three vials of Quick-Fix. While injecting it into someone won’t heal any broken bones or wounds, it will stop nearly all bleeding and make the heart beat at a fixed rate, making sure whoever is the victim will survive for at least a while longer.

>Let's at least download a map or something before we head into a blind zone.
:PACDREAM: Already done for you, ma’am.
>Might as well pull up as much data as we can on those two guy's we're suppose to find, like what species are they, names, a picture if we can find one, you know that kind of stuff.
:PACDREAM: I’ve already uploaded the data into your suit. You can access it from there.
>Oh and before you head into the blind zone make sure you send a text or message or something to HQ just so they know you went in... and if something does happen they know how long you've been missing.
:PACDREAM: Message sent.
:JourneyDREAM: Well then, down into the depths we go!

You get into the first tram that comes and start typing your destination into the control panel. A small green text exclaiming “Access Granted” confirms that you have the right destination and your lone tram spirals away from the heavily lighted tunnels and into the darkness of the restricted tunnels. Even though it feels like you’re on your way into the very bowls of the station, the opposite is in fact true, and you realize this will probably be the one time when you’re the absolute furthest away from the main platform of the station. With a quiet “ping” you finally arrive at your destination, the door opens only to reveal your old and trusted friend, complete and utter darkness.

:JourneyDREAM: Ugh, where are the lights?
:PACDREAM: It seems like one of the engineers cut the power.
:JourneyDREAM: Oh, that’s just great… wait, how can I hear your talk? Didn’t you say that the radios down here would be bust?
:PACDREAM: Only when you try to talk to other levels. Besides, I’m inside your suit, which means I can connect directly to you neural implant. I have uploaded the map to your hud, and as we don’t know where the engineers are at the moment I’ve marked several location with red where they would likely be.
:JourneyDREAM: So… we’re stuck in some kind of metal labyrinth, in complete darkness trying to find two lost little engineers while some mad doctor is doing something insane down here?
:PACDREAM: What doctor?
:JourneyDREAM: That Dr. Tatius or what they said his name was. They said on the news that he went missing a few days ago. I mean, why would I hear about that if I wasn’t destined to meet him down here? …oh, he’s probably trying to send a warning that they need to close the experimental teleporer before all hell breaks loose or something… but he’ll fail and I’ll have to shoot him because he becomes a zombie and-
:PACDREAM: You clearly play way to many video games.
>>
No. 607537 ID: 4f004c

>You clearly play way to many video games.
Yeah, maybe. Well, let's check left. There's a lit door over there, as well as a loose wire. Maybe that wire's what's caused the whole floor to black out? But you're not an engineer so you shouldn't touch it anyways.
>>
No. 607543 ID: 9ddf68

>You clearly play way to many video games.
you say that like it's a bad thing

Anyways as for what to do, I think I see a lose wire behind you, not sure if that means anything and I have some questions about the map, the lines going throw the halls that are thinner then the rest, or those just gates or what? Either way I say just start with whatever is closes (like that one room on the top right of the map and just fan out from there.
>>
No. 607544 ID: 07a835

>>607531
Look the other direction. What's that on the ceiling? What's that red dot on the map? Go check it out.
>>
No. 607552 ID: 6e79d4

>Calling people you just met a few minutes after you first saw each other to tell them you’re probably going to die horribly has never really won over any friends.
Why not? It shows trust!

It looks like two of the likely places are blocked off, we'll need something to get through that if you don't have any already. If not, Peek into the room to the south, and then head westward.
>>
No. 607578 ID: 4f004c

>two of the likely places are blocked off
Notice the different shade of green. Those are shutter doors. The ones that are perpendicular to the wall seem to indicate regular doors, based on the Tram Door's appearance.
Come to think of it, if the power's out, why is the door receiving light, and will the doors even open without power?
>>
No. 607585 ID: dbe554

The fact that the light is based from the Helmet seems a bit impractical, sure it helps when you need your hands free but at the same time it restricts where the light goes by the full movement of your head.

Welp it's time to explore, just avoid losing all your lights, you may be eaten by a futuristic space grue X3.
>>
No. 607684 ID: 2fdec1

Be safe and take in all your surroundings since anything could be important. Check all around you, including the ceiling, then read the notice plaque to the right of the tram door, check out what that display thing is, and rip the poster down covering that hazard sign so you can see what it's warning of; It's against safety regulations to cover a hazard sign so that poster shouldn't be there anyway. Does that chain-link fence in the hall have a gate in it or any way to get it out of the way without taking it down?

Since as far as you know none of the potential locations for the engineers has a better chance of them being there you may as well start your search with the nearest location on the map. Check if the door works, but make sure to stand to the side when you open it so you aren't out in the open.

Does your helmet have any enhanced vision modes you could use here to see without using the headlight? 'Cause that light is totally announcing your presence and you might not want that.

Ask PAC what you should do in case you ever need to knock out an irate SAI 'cause you don't know if your sleeper gun or stun rod would do anything against one of them.

Also ask what this level of the spire is for; It looks like it's some engineering level, but if that's the case why are there posters stuck to the wall here? And why is it a total "blind zone?" No cameras you could understand, but not having even a basic, for emergency use only, radio communication system installed here doesn't make sense. Are there even any hardwired communication terminals down here you could use to call for help in an emergency?

How do the station's doors behave in case of a power failure? Do they have internal battery backups so they still work? If they don't what would it take to get them open in an emergency? Is there an emergency charge port under an adjacent cover to stick a power cell in or a manual mechanical type thing to operate? Do they just lockdown in case of power loss? Do they still follow the same access level requirements as before?

With the main power out shouldn't the emergency lighting be active right now? Isn't there a building code requirement to have battery powered emergency lights installed at station hallway intersections and over emergency exits?

That map display could be a little bit clearer about a couple things. Fiddle with the map HUD settings to change the blue dot indicating your position into a blue arrow pointing in the direction you're facing, then change the map border to orange to distinguish it from the walls.

Perhaps the power is out not for nefarious reasons but because the engineers had to cut it to do their maintenance work. If a copy of the work order for the maintenance they're doing was included in the data PAC got then bring it up and check if what they were going to do would be the reason the power is out.

Make a note on your to-do list to look up later who Dr. Tatius is, what his field of expertise is, what he won an award for, and if it wouldn't get you in trouble with your superiors maybe pull the file on the missing persons case for him and look it over. Also make a note to file a maintenance request with Station System Administration to get the missing wall section that's supposed to be covering the maintenance access to the machine space above your kitchen replaced.

Consider that maybe this mission is some kind of elaborate prank played on newly arrived officers to scare the ever-lovin' bejebis outta them and have a good laugh about it afterwards. It did sound like the Peacekeepers here usually don't have much to do, so maybe they had the time and inclination to come up with something like that.

>Besides, I’m inside your suit, which means I can connect directly to you neural implant.
So, wait... Is PAC built into your suit and the way it communicated with you before you put it on was via the station's comm network, or is it that PAC transfered itself from your implant to the suit?
>>
No. 607689 ID: 4c5cf2

>You clearly play way to many video games.
Which is why we're going to start by checking to the left.

>Danger
...is there anything near that sign to indicate the nature of the danger? Being warned of specific hazards allows you to take preventative measures. Blanket warnings aren't so helpful.
>>
No. 607747 ID: 65a774
File 141753178887.png - (13.61KB , 900x450 , 16.png )
607747

>Make a note on your to-do list to look up later who Dr. Tatius is, what his field of expertise is, what he won an award for, and if it wouldn't get you in trouble with your superiors maybe pull the file on the missing persons case for him and look it over.
If you don’t find that doctor down here you will try to remember to look him up, just in case he decides to open and / or try to close a gate to hell or something. Doesn’t hurt to be prepared.
>Also make a note to file a maintenance request with Station System Administration to get the missing wall section that's supposed to be covering the maintenance access to the machine space above your kitchen replaced.
You would, if there actually was a missing wall section in your kitchen. Clearly, you’ve seen things that aren’t there. Or in this case, seen nothing when something is clearly there.
>Consider that maybe this mission is some kind of elaborate prank played on newly arrived officers to scare the ever-lovin' bejebis outta them and have a good laugh about it afterwards.
If that was true, then you will take great pleasure to “accidently” repeatedly stun whoever is trying to scare you.

>I have some questions about the map, the lines going throw the halls that are thinner than the rest, or those just gates or what?
The darker green lines seem to be doors, if you understand the HUD correctly.
>Fiddle with the map HUD settings to change the blue dot indicating your position into a blue arrow pointing in the direction you're facing, and then change the map border to orange to distinguish it from the walls.
You successfully fiddle around with your HUD setting!
>The fact that the light is based from the Helmet seems a bit impractical, sure it helps when you need your hands free but at the same time it restricts where the light goes by the full movement of your head.
Actually, you got three lights on your helmet that can be moved independently from both each other and the helmet itself. You can even light up the whole corridor if you want too… of course, as you can’t see behind you anyway it’s a bit useless at the moment.
>Does your helmet have any enhanced vision modes you could use here to see without using the headlight? 'Cause that light is totally announcing your presence and you might not want that.
Enchanted vision is a bit outside your budget.

>Read the notice plaque to the right of the tram door.
…it seems like one of those warning sign dictating what kind of gear you should have when you’re down here. You know, helmet, ear protection... stuff like th- wait, no foreign lights in designated areas? That’s a new one…
>Check out what that display thing is.
It’s some kind of doohickey that you shouldn’t touch, that’s what it is.
>Rip the poster down covering that hazard sign so you can see what it's warning of.
High voltage… maybe it was a good thing you didn’t touch that doohickey.
>...is there anything near that sign to indicate the nature of the danger?
…Warning for… um… wall? Warning for notice sign? Tram?
>Ask PAC what you should do in case you ever need to knock out an irate SAI 'cause you don't know if your sleeper gun or stun rod would do anything against one of them.
You don’t need to ask PAC for that. You got basic training already, remember? While the gun will be useless against them, the stun rod will still shock them into a light reboot sequence, basically knocking them unconscious for about half an hour. Just don’t use the stun rod on the setting five or higher, or you might fry their brain completely.

>So, wait... Is PAC built into your suit and the way it communicated with you before you put it on was via the station's comm network, or is it that PAC transferred itself from your implant to the suit?
:PACDREAM: The standard PAC unit is far too large to fit in any kind of neural implant. This PAC unit was transferred over three days into your current suit before you arrived. I was talking to you through you comm implant before you put the suit on.
>Ask what this level of the spire is for.
:PACDREAM: That is classified. All I can say it’s vital and of redundancy grade five.
:JourneyDREAM: Redundancy?
:PACDREAM: When in the middle of space there are some things you don’t want to fail, thus we have a lot of backups.
>It looks like it's some engineering level, but if that's the case why are there posters stuck to the wall here?
:PACDREAM: The main Engineer corp has made a habit of posting a lot of posters and the like on levels like these. It apparently makes them look all “cyber punk and shit, man”. They have been told not to but yet they continue it seems.
>Why is it a total "blind zone?" No cameras you could understand, but not having even a basic, for emergency use only, radio communication system installed here doesn't make sense.
:PACDREAM: Any and all foreign waves will damage the equipment down here while its active. That include radio and in some areas even visible light.
>Are there even any hardwired communication terminals down here you could use to call for help in an emergency?
:PACDREAM: Yes, but they are to be used only in emergencies.

>How do the station's doors behave in case of a power failure?
:PACDREAM: They have an internal battery that will last for four weeks… or one day if you’re continuously using it. Otherwise they will work the same way at all times. If they should run out of power they will automatically open, and even if they don’t you have tools to force open any door without any special security locks in your suit.
>With the main power out shouldn't the emergency lighting be active right now?
:PACDREAM: Emergency lighting is active. It has been put on such low light setting that your eyes cannot perceive it without aid, though. Maybe to not damage any of the light sensitive equipment?
>Perhaps the power is out not for nefarious reasons but because the engineers had to cut it to do their maintenance work.
:PACDREAM: That is the most probable reason. Stop trying to suggest this is some kind of alien attack from hell and outer space, please.

>Welp it's time to explore, just avoid losing all your lights, you may be eaten by a futuristic space grue X3.
You started to worry a bit that you would fall prey for a nefarious grue for a while, but you quickly realized your suit is protected from all grue and grue like attacks. …of course, as grues doesn’t exist you have no idea if the suit would actually protect you or not…
>Peek into the room to the south.
Crates… crates everywhere. This is either a storage room of some kind or an unused level of an old fps game.

>Look the other direction. What's that on the ceiling?
It’s a torn cable… coming from an open maintenance vent.
:UnknownKAK: HEY! Frak, don’t turn on the lights while I’m still working, you taffer! …what do you mean you didn’t turn on the lights?
:JourneyDREAM: *Cough*…
:UnknownKAK: Oh, wait, someone else is… um… greetings? …wait, a peace keeper? Have we really been that long down here?
:PACDREAM: Scan complete. That is one of the engineers you were looking for. The other one is on the radio if you want to hear him too.
:JourneyDREAM: They sent me to check up on you. Why aren’t you done yet?
:UnknownKAK: Well, see… one of those light sensitive crystals had a crack in it… and when we were just about to replace it someone broke the transport equipment. …oh, right it was already broken when you got there, sure it was… anyway, we had to kind of jury rig it a bit, for example turning of every damn light on the level and finding a way to carry that stupid crystal thingy. But don’t worry, we’re done know. We just got a few small things that need to be fixed but we won’t be longer than half an hour.
:JourneyDREAM: So you’re not trying to open a gate to hell and outer space?
:UnknownKAK: Of course not… but it would be kick ass if we did, wouldn’t it? Like that DOOM game, eh?
:PACDREAM: Please stop trying to encourage the engineers to build a portal to hell.
>>
No. 607756 ID: fef726

Wait with them for the half hour? It isn't that long a time.
>>
No. 607759 ID: 4c5cf2

>vital and of redundancy grade five
So that means that this specific equipment has 5 separate copies on the station?

>some equipment can be damaged by visible light
Well, you have preemptive permission to cut our lights should we stumble into one of those areas.

>Stop trying to suggest this is some kind of alien attack from hell and outer space, please.
Look, we're just being properly paranoid. If you're prepared for an attack from hell and outer space, you won't be caught off guard if one happens, and you'll be pleasantly surprised and more than prepared for whatever less dangerous and more probable outcomes actually occur.
>>
No. 607761 ID: 2ec61a

indeed. if you are prepared for the impossible then everything else will be easy.
>>
No. 607769 ID: dbe554

Well just wait for now, keep an eye out. Seems simple enough so far, make idle chatter if there's nothing else to be done and it doesn't interrupt them.

I mean unless something happens it should be a boring wait.
>>
No. 607773 ID: 9ddf68

>ny and all foreign waves will damage the equipment down here while its active. That include radio and in some areas even visible light.
can we ask PAC to give us a heads up whenever we're about to enter a light sensitive room so we can kill our lights? Last thing I want to do is find out if we would have to pay for one of those crystals if we shinned it.

>The other one is on the radio if you want to hear him too.
would be helpful

So can you tell what race is the engineer you talking to is? Also ask what's left on there to do list, cause I think we might be stuck with them until they're done. Also ask where his partner is just to make sure we know where he is incase we need to find him for whatever reason. Just try to stay out of the way for the most part and let them do there thing.
>>
No. 607807 ID: 4f004c

>So that means that this specific equipment has 5 separate copies on the station?
At LEAST five. It's possible that grade 5 redundancy just means it's the fifth (or even sixth) copy of the equipment.
It's still a good idea to get it fixed when it goes down, though, no telling if the rest go down at the same time for some crazy reason.
>>
No. 607810 ID: 4f004c

Oh, by the way, let's dim our lights. Maybe 25% power. It'll be tough to see things but there's no sense in keeping them on while these guys are in light sensitive work, even if it is just about done.
>Also ask what's left on there to do list, cause I think we might be stuck with them until they're done.
"Anything I can help with, since I should probably stick around until you're done, or should I just go check out all your posters?"
>>
No. 607819 ID: 65a774
File 141754841438.png - (26.86KB , 900x450 , 17.png )
607819

>So can you tell what race is the engineer you talking to is?
Going by its weird smooth skin you believe it’s a human… a chocolate colored one at that. You can’t tell if it’s male or female, though, but at least you can check of Chocolate human from your list of strange and interesting aliens to meet.
>So that means that this specific equipment has 5 separate copies on the station?
:PACDREAM: At a minimum, yes.
:JourneyDREAM: This place is rather big, isn’t it? …do you really have that much space?
:PACDREAM: Current Station technology require a lot of space to function. To create living space that has a habitat good enough to be legal a lot of inhabitable space is required. These spaces are perfect to fill with redundant systems like these.
>Well, you have preemptive permission to cut our lights should we stumble into one of those areas.
:PACDREAM: Understood.

>It would be helpful to hear the other chap too.
:PACDREAM: Connecting…
:UnknownKAK: *BEEP* Huh? What? Oh, it’s the cop. Yes, I’m here, now please don’t disturb me. I’m working.
:PACDREAM: Comm ID confirmed. That was one of the engineers you was sent to find. You’re mission is done as soon as they leave this area.
>ask where his partner is just to make sure we know where he is in case we need to find him for whatever reason.
:UnknownKAK: Take the door on the right then the door on the left. It’s not far, just around the corner.
>Ask what's left on there to do list.
:UnknownKAK: I just need to replace some cables, fix the lights and make sure everything is working as intended. Don’t worry, won’t take long, mate.
>"Anything I can help with, since I should probably stick around until you're done, or should I just go check out all your posters?"
:UnknownKAK: You can start by refraining from talking. I’m kind of busy here… and shut off those lights, they are wreaking havoc on my tech goggles.
:JourneyDREAM: So you want me to just stand here in the dark for half an hour?
:UnknownKAK: Well, if you don’t want to be in the dark anymore you can just call a Tram here. It won’t leave until you give it a destination thanks to this being a restricted area. Just don’t put the TV inside it on max volume or anything.
:JourneyDREAM: …you know what, I’ll wait in the tram then.



:JourneyDREAM: Ah sweet light, how I missed you.

>Look, we're just being properly paranoid. If you're prepared for an attack from hell and outer space, you won't be caught off guard if one happens, and you'll be pleasantly surprised and more than prepared for whatever less dangerous and more probable outcomes actually occur.
:PACDREAM: All I’m asking is to be paranoid about stuff that can actually happen.
:JourneyDREAM: Of course it CAN’T HAPPEN. NO ONE can OPEN a GATE TO HELL.
:PACDREAM: …You’re trying to tempt fate?
:JourneyDREAM: Why, no, of course I’m not trying to unleash a horde of… of something to make life a bit interesting!
:PACDREAM: …it’s not going to work, you know. No matter how many times you say it, there won’t be some kind of alien attack, hell gate opening or even something like a beast landing on the top of the tram.
:JourneyDREAM: Hey, you can’t blame a gal for tr-
>>
No. 607820 ID: 65a774
File 141754842412.png - (27.40KB , 900x450 , 18.png )
607820

*DUNK!*
:JourneyDREAM: What was that?
:PACDREAM: It seems like some kind of debris has landed on the Tram… I’ll open the emergency roof exit so you can take a look at what it is.
:JourneyDREAM: WAIT, NO! THAT’S-
>>
No. 607822 ID: 65a774
File 141754843949.png - (27.45KB , 900x450 , 19.png )
607822

:JourneyDREAM: -HOW THEY-
>>
No. 607823 ID: 65a774
File 141754854658.png - (27.11KB , 900x450 , 20.png )
607823

*Dunk*
:JourneyDREAM: -get in… it’s a robot?
:PACDREAM: Heavily damaged too.
:K55PDREAM: H-help… m… m-me…
:PACDREAM: And it’s still functional.
:K55PDREAM: …d-don’t… d…e… a-alone…
>>
No. 607825 ID: 9ddf68

uh... how do we fix this or at least get the robot to be stable enough for someone who knows what they're doing can fix it later. Might want to call one of the engineers on this with the radio.
>>
No. 607829 ID: dbe554

Well from it's reaction it's a SAI, self aware at least, is there anything you may know that could stabilize it?
>>
No. 607831 ID: 2ec61a

re-attach obviously severed cables. like green wires that are near eachother.
>>
No. 607832 ID: 6e79d4

Looks like we'll have to be the kind of hero that saves people rather than kill monsters. See what you can do.
>>
No. 607858 ID: 65a774
File 141755442147.png - (26.91KB , 900x450 , 21.png )
607858

>Looks like we'll have to be the kind of hero that saves people rather than kill monsters.
Hero or not, you still feel rather bad that you wished for something like this.
>Well from its reaction it's a SAI, self-aware at least.
A realization that makes it even worse! This isn’t just a robot; this is a person dying at your feet.

>Might want to call one of the engineers on this with the radio.
:JourneyDREAM: WE GOT AN EMERGANCY! I need you guys to help me in the tram right now!
:UnknownKAK: Um… really? We’re kind of-
:JourneyDREAM: NOW!
:UnknownKAK: We’re coming, we’re coming. Let me just untangle myself from all these wires.
>is there anything you may know that could stabilize it?
:PACDREAM: You do not have the tools to treat an injury as severe like this.
:K55PDREAM: I’m… I… a-afraid…
:JourneyDREAM: Don’t worry, everything will be fine!

>Re-attach obviously severed cables. like green wires that are near each other.
:JourneyDREAM: Right… green to green… red… and… he’s leaking oil…
:K55PDREAM: …h-hold m..m…m…me… I… I…d-don’t… d-die… a-a-alone…
:JourneyDREAM: I’m here, I’ll fix you, I can fix this!
:K55PDREAM: a-afraid…to c-c-c-close eyes…
:JourneyDREAM: I… I… I’m s-sorry…
:K55PDREAM: w-will… I… I… d-dreammmmMALFUNCTION! ERROR! Unable to copy memory bank! ERROR! Unable to copy hard drive! ERROR! Unable to save Main frame! ERROOOOOO- *Kzzh*
:JourneyDREAM: …I…. I…
:PACDREAM: Analyzing… unable to find enough data… I’m sorry, but it seems like his whole neural cortex was fried. He’s gone.
:JourneyDREAM: …so… accident? …or… or m-murder?
:PACDREAM: This P55K bot is owned by Sol Corp. He did not have the necessary papers to be considered a person. This was either an accident or property damage.
:JourneyDREAM: …that’s…that’s horrible.
>>
No. 607861 ID: 2ec61a

STILL! destorying someone else's stuff is a crime. that means this is a crime scene.
>>
No. 607867 ID: 6e79d4

Wait a minute. You say there haven't been any murders here in 50 years, and then classify this as property damage? In that case, how many similar cases of 'property damage' have there been?
>>
No. 607869 ID: 9ddf68

wait, something just fell on the front of the tram... WHAT THE FUCK IS UP THERE? something is up there and I think it's in the job description to at least check it out to make sure it isn't dangerous to the safety of the station.
>>
No. 607872 ID: dbe554

More parts are falling down, so it is time to go see what is actually up there.
>>
No. 607881 ID: 687279

>>607858
Whatever did this is still at large. Shine some light up there.
>>
No. 607904 ID: 65a774
File 141756024846.png - (28.26KB , 900x450 , 22.png )
607904

:UnknownKAK: Um… I’m a bit tangled up… err… how much of a hurry are you in?
:JourneyDREAM: No, it’s… it’s already too late.
:UnknownKAK: Oh… um… right, we’ll finish up here then I guess… unless you do still need help?
:JourneyDREAM: No, I’m fine. Finish up so we can leave.

>STILL! destorying someone else's stuff is a crime. that means this is a crime scene.
:PACDREAM: Indeed it is. Get to work, officer. I’ll start analyzing the crime scene at once!
>Wait a minute. You say there haven't been any murders here in 50 years, and then classify this as property damage? In that case, how many similar cases of 'property damage' have there been?
:PACDREAM: Just S.A.I or all robots?
:JourneyDREAM: Just S.A.I.
:PACDREAM: There have been two cases of property damage against S.A.I the last fifty years. Ten years ago a gang of rebellious teenager attack one of them with metal pipes and 35 years ago when one was beaten to death by an anti-machine hate group. There have also been a total of five accidents leading to this kind of property damage within the last fifty years… and two cases resulting in accidental death of free S.A.I, both of which happened more than 15 years ago.
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm, to far apart…
>Wait, something just fell on the front of the tram...
:JourneyDREAM: Huh? What was that?
:PACDREAM: My visual sensor indicate it was the K55P other arm hitting the glass.

>Whatever did this is still at large. Shine some light up there.
:JourneyDREAM: Right, open that hatch again, I’ll find whoever is up there!
:PACDREAM: Roger, ma’am.
:JourneyDREAM: I… I can only see a tunnel of darkness…
:PACDREAM: With all due respect ma’am, that tunnels is nearly three kilometers long. Chances are his decent originated far from your visual range.
:JourneyDREAM: Three kilometers? He should have fallen for ages…
:PACDREAM: If he feel Three kilometers there wouldn’t be anything left of him. Observation: He was already in pieces when he got here. Conclusion: He probably hit something other than us on the way down. There’s a possibility that part of his body is still up on another platform. That can also explain the delay of his second arm.
>>
No. 607905 ID: 65a774
File 141756025685.png - (30.04KB , 900x450 , 23.png )
607905

:PACDREAM: My analyze is complete. Several key points of interest found. First and most important, traces of a substance were found on the back of his wrist. This substance is most probable blood. Mantis blood to be precise, but it’s to polluted too make an exact match. Another thing of note is that the cables controlling his legs have been cleanly cut off. That means either he landed on something sharp on the way down or sabotage. Third thing of note is that he is holding a small note in his hand.
:JourneyDREAM: A note? Let’s see… GOEOHBTLRASKID44677337CY? What?
:PACDREAM: Searching… no matches found. Sorry ma’am.
:JourneyDREAM: Wait… look at this! He wrote something in the oil! …Art? Wait, what?
:PACDREAM: Lots of matches found… none of them helpful.
>>
No. 607907 ID: 2ec61a

keep note of them. could be passwords to something. a huge alpha-numeric scramble would take effectively forever to brute force hack.
>>
No. 607908 ID: 9ddf68

(sigh) damn, seems like there isn't much more we can do here. File a report when you get back to see if anyone on the force can look into this when they get time. As for the note could be a code for something or it could be another SAI's name. as for the "art" message maybe check out the art exhibit back at your level when you get a chance. I don't expect to find anything but if it gets rid of this little itch might as well. Plus the way it sounds you're probably going to have lots of free time in your patrols with nothing ever happening around here.

Also pull up as much data as you can on the dead bot, maybe we can make out some of these if we know a bit more about it.
>>
No. 607910 ID: 687279

>>607905
How could the DNA be so polluted that you can't isolate it for a genetic profile? It would have to be destroyed, not simply mixed up with other things...

It's possible to determine how far he fell by checking how much damage the fall did to him. Then you can take a vehicle up to find the primary crime scene.

1110 PAC KSSP ART sounds like an address. On the other hand, we just talked to a SAI that was familiar with the art community. Maybe we can pump it for information.

Hmm. GO EOHBTLR ASK ID 44677337CY? Almost sounds like instructions.
>>
No. 607912 ID: 6e79d4

Could ART be an abbreviation?
>>
No. 607914 ID: 8072f2

>GO EOHBTLR ASK ID 44677337CY?
Search for 44677337CY; that might be the ID of another SAI.
>>
No. 607938 ID: 4f004c

>>607914
Run a search on EOHBTLR too. Never know with the out of place strings.
Of course, this might just be overly creative thinking that has nothing to do with the matter, but it's worth a try!
>>
No. 608023 ID: 825af6

Take a look at that presumed mantis blood on the 'bot's wrist and see if it's a smear, indicating the 'bot brushed its hand against the source, or a spatter or drop pattern, meaning it wasn't near the source. Also check how dried it is to estimate how long its been since it came from the source and ask PAC what it is that has polluted the probable blood that makes it hard to tell if it's mantis or not. Oh, and shouldn't we be using "Hiver" instead of "mantis?" You remember something about Hivers getting really angry if they're called mantises.

You assume PAC recorded the serial number of this K55P 'bot. You'll need that later to check its maintenance and ownership history and track down where it was last seen on-station.

Are there any other data stores on a K55P other then its neural core that you might be able to pull something from?

Break out just the numeric portion of that note and do a search for it, both on its own or as part of other text. While the letters could be abbreviations or acronyms in any number of combinations, greatly increasing what they might mean, numbers don't have that problem.

Hey, aren't you still in the blind zone right now? 'Cause if you are then what data sources is PAC searching when it's not connected back to the station network? Better ask it about that 'cause if it's only checking against databases stored in your suit then its search results for that note would only rule out what's in there.

Ask the engineers if there's someplace nearby where you could plug your suit into the station's network so you can report in without having to use your radio. Oh, and also tell them that the tram car is a crime scene now so don't step onto it unless you're with them.

Next place to check is the roof of the tram in case anything popped off the 'bot when it hit and landed there or if a lighter item hit which wouldn't make much of a noise. Easiest way to go about getting up there is to disembark and have PAC or one of the engineers override the tram station doors to keep them open while PAC remotely commands the tram to descend to where you can examine its roof.

You'll need to collect the 'bot's arm so your next destination ought to be the bottom of the tram shaft. It might be restricted access so check with the engineers about that and if it is you'll need their help to check it out. You'll also want to check it for the 'bot's legs and anything else that might have fallen down the shaft related to this case but missed hitting your tram.

After that you'll want to take the tram back to level Q, get on the roof, then have PAC drive the tram car up so you can check all around for signs of where the 'bot fell down from. Also ask the engineers what access ways there are into the tram shaft and what's needed access level or tool-wise to open them.

When you finally do head up it'd probably be best to take this tram car directly to the Peacekeeper HQ so they can collect the K55P 'bot for evidence straight from it. Just make sure to call ahead so they have somebody waiting there for you.
>>
No. 608095 ID: 687279

...wait, we're making this harder than it needs to be. Just download the last hour's worth of memories from the victim's hard drive. That'll tell us what happened.
>>
No. 608102 ID: 2ec61a

>>608095
they suffered a hard drive error before death. it's gone.
>>
No. 608112 ID: 65a774
File 141761204355.png - (27.86KB , 900x450 , 24.png )
608112

>Hey, aren't you still in the blind zone right now? 'Cause if you are then what data sources is PAC searching when it's not connected back to the station network?
:PACDREAM: All Trams automatically connects to a hardwired system when docking to a station. By connecting to the tram itself I’m able to connect to the rest of the station.
>Ask the engineers if there's someplace nearby where you could plug your suit into the station's network so you can report in without having to use your radio.
:JourneyDREAM: So, I can connect to the network from here?
:PACDREAM: As long as you’re in the tram you’re connected.
>File a report when you get back to see if anyone on the force can look into this when they get time.
:PACDREAM: A report is already being sent. Everything we do here is recorded and filed.

>1110 PAC KSSP ART sounds like an address.
On closer inspection, you realize that’s just some info your HUD is displaying and not an address. PAC is your AI companion, K55P is the robot that was just killed and ART is the thing it wrote. The 1110 seems just to be random numbers, though.
>It's possible to determine how far he fell by checking how much damage the fall did to him.
:PACDREAM: We are sorry, but we are unable to come to a sufficient conclusion, as there are simply to many variables to consider. While the main tram tunnel is going straight up, there are hundreds of other, smaller ones splitting off from it in all directions. There are also several smaller platforms it should have hit before hitting the tram and even several moving objects like other trams in the way. We also don’t know in what condition the K55P entered the tram tunnel from the beginning.
>Also ask the engineers what access ways there are into the tram shaft and what's needed access level or tool-wise to open them.
:PACDREAM: All access tunnels to the tram shaft is highly secure and inaccessible without the proper authorization. It is built to make sure no unauthorized personal can enter the shaft, accidently or otherwise. The easiest way, “easiest” being subjective, is to simply force your way through all three of the tram station security doors and then jump from the emergency platform located right beneath the tram station.

>You'll need to collect the 'bot's arm so your next destination ought to be the bottom of the tram shaft.
:PACDREAM: Negative. The bottom of the shaft is too dangerous for untrained personal. We will send the proper machinery to obtain the arm at a later date. In fact, you are not authorized to check the tram shaft at all and should leave that to professionals. Not only for your safety, but for the safety of other tram users.
>You assume PAC recorded the serial number of this K55P 'bot. You'll need that later to check its maintenance and ownership history and track down where it was last seen on-station.
:PACDREAM: Already collecting data. So far the only thing of interest I’ve found is that he belonged to Sol Corp… or to be more exact, the Military System Technologies Corp branch of Sol Corp.
:JourneyDREAM: Wait, military?
:PACDREAM: Affirmative. They are producers of military hardware. The one located on the station is working on the new and improved mechanized soldier that they are planning to show off on the anniversary of the station.
>Are there any other data stores on a K55P other than its neural core that you might be able to pull something from?
:PACDREAM: Except for the fried hard drive, there should be a black box located in its chest. It is not there at the moment and seems to have been removed.

>How could the DNA be so polluted that you can't isolate it for a genetic profile? It would have to be destroyed, not simply mixed up with other things...
:PACDREAM: Someone has used some kind of anti-biotic chemical compound to destroy all organic material on this machine. They were sloppy and left some faint traces of proteins that might or might not be Hiver blood in origin.
:JourneyDREAM: So… they were destroyed, not polluted.
:PACDREAM: Destroy or polluted, either way it’s unusable.
>Take a look at that presumed Hiver blood on the 'bot's wrist and see if it's a smear, indicating the 'bot brushed its hand against the source, or a spatter or drop pattern, meaning it wasn't near the source.
:PACDREAM: The traces of blood cannot be seen with the naked eye, officer.

>Could be passwords to something. a huge alpha-numeric scramble would take effectively forever to brute force hack.
You better keep the note safe, then.
>Hmm. GO EOHBTLR ASK ID 44677337CY? Almost sounds like instructions.
Go to… EOHBTLR? What is that? And ask for an ID? Of what? You’re just getting more and more questions and not enough answers.
>Search for 44677337CY; that might be the ID of another SAI.
:PACDREAM: No interesting results found. The only thing I found was 115 different items put up in different web shops with that ID number. None of them seems related to this case.
>Run a search on EOHBTLR too.
:PACDREAM: No results found.
>Could ART be an abbreviation?
Hmm… ART… Artificial… Robot… Train? Truck? Tire? Technology? Hmmm… and how about EOHBTLR? Enemy Of the House Battle Titan Lord Rider? …that didn’t even make sense…
>As for the "art" message maybe check out the art exhibit back at your level when you get a chance. I don't expect to find anything but if it gets rid of this little itch might as well.
As you were going there anyway…

>Next place to check is the roof of the tram in case anything popped off the 'bot when it hit and landed there or if a lighter item hit which wouldn't make much of a noise.
:PACDREAM: Hmm… the sensors are picking up some small scraps up there. Most probable wires and scraps of metal, but you can take a look if you want.
:JourneyDREAM: Then open the hatch, I’m going up. *Hupp!*

While under normal circumstances a Cibic with your training shouldn’t have made that jump, but with the help of the suit and your GODHANDtm cybernetics you could easily reach the hatch and hoist yourself up there.

:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… you’re right… there’s just junk up here… wait, what is this? Did K55P have any red metal on him?
:PACDREAM: Negative:
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… then were did this piece of red metal come from?
:PACDREAM: Error! Unable to identify synthesized metal! Compound is classified!
:JourneyDREAM: Classified? Huh…

:UnknownKAK: Um… we’re done with the maintenance now but… you’ve locked the tram?
:JourneyDREAM: Sorry, but it’s currently a crime scene. Call another tram if you’re leaving.
:UnknownKAK: Crime scene? Did something… you know what, screw it, we’re just going to call another tram. See you around, copper.
>>
No. 608113 ID: 65a774
File 141761205983.png - (17.02KB , 900x450 , 25.png )
608113

>When you finally do head up it'd probably be best to take this tram car directly to the Peacekeeper HQ so they can collect the K55P 'bot for evidence straight from it. Just make sure to call ahead so they have somebody waiting there for you.
:SysDREAM: You are now arriving at the Peace Keepers Head Quarters, employee entrance. Please be careful when leaving the tram and have a nice day.
:PACDREAM: There should be some officers waiting for you outside.

:CaptainDREAM: Men, secure the crime scene. Make sure our new officer didn’t miss anything.
:CopDREAM: Yes, Captain.
:CaptainDREAM: Ah, and you must be Song of the Journey. I am sorry I shouldn’t have greeted you personally before, but the mayor was having a meeting I needed to attend to. I am Captain Nhy’k’ckl, your superior officer.
:JourneyDREAM: Nehykackel?
:CaptainDREAM: Most people just call me Captain.
:JourneyDREAM: I can see why.
:CaptainDREAM: Either way, good work with the engineers. They have reported back and are done with their work on Tranquility tower sub-level Q.
:JourneyDREAM: Thank you.
:CaptainDREAM: You are also to be commended on your actions with this new property damage case, you’re rather through, you know. In fact, it seems your action have somehow impressed someone at Sol Corp, as they have asked for you to personally be involved in this case.
:JourneyDREAM: Wait, but that happened only half an hour ago!
:CaptainDREAM: They were notified as soon as you send your first report and we got this notification just a minute ago. I know, it seems a bit… odd, I have to say, but that’s how it is. Of course, I can’t force you to take the case, but if you’re interested I won’t stop you either. What do you say?
>>
No. 608116 ID: aa1c2a

"I'll take the case!" Sol Corp, you got some 'splainin' to do!
Also you now need to watch out for corporate assassins.
>>
No. 608118 ID: dbe554

Don't think about how this sounds exactly like the plot to a video game, the Police Officer learns too much about a case, and then is "Taken" to the HQ, either to be brainwashed into a future mook or a kickass action sequence that involves kung fu.

Either way, it's not like you've got much choice.
>>
No. 608133 ID: 9ddf68

uh, sure we'll take the case if you really want. Just let me know if it starts right away or if I'l have some time off first. Sol corp say anything else or just that they'd like me on the case.
>>
No. 608138 ID: 80ab1c

>it seems your action have somehow impressed someone at Sol Corp, as they have asked for you to personally be involved in this case.
You MAY want to show that red metal piece to him before you get black-bagged.
>>
No. 608140 ID: 4c5cf2

>black box removed, blood evidence deliberately polluted
That doesn't leave much doubt that this was deliberate, then.

>All access tunnels to the tram shaft is highly secure and inaccessible without the proper authorization.
Then our suspects are limited to those with authorization to enter those tunnels, or someone capable of entering a secure area without authorization.

Did the deceased have authorization to enter the tram shafts?

>What do you say?
I'll take the case. Although I wouldn't mind assistance from someone who knows this station or department better than I do.
>>
No. 608151 ID: 687279

>>608113
Hmm. While my first impression is that Sol Corp is trying to get rid of you by drawing you in closer, the whole department already knows what you know. So instead, I think Sol Corp is not involved in the robot's death, and they legitimately want to find out what happened. Let's do this.
>>
No. 608170 ID: 65a774
File 141763146882.png - (16.97KB , 900x450 , 26.png )
608170

>I'll take the case!
:CaptainDREAM: You barely hesitated.
:JourneyDREAM: Well, I always wanted to do something like this! Don’t worry, I won’t regret it.
:CaptainDREAM: Very well, then. You are on the case, officer.

>Don't think about how this sounds exactly like the plot to a video game, the Police Officer learns too much about a case, and then is "Taken" to the HQ, either to be brainwashed into a future mook or a kickass action sequence that involves kung fu.
>Also you now need to watch out for corporate assassins.
…you suddenly start to regret your decision…
>While my first impression is that Sol Corp is trying to get rid of you by drawing you in closer, the whole department already knows what you know. So instead, I think Sol Corp is not involved in the robot's death, and they legitimately want to find out what happened.
Though maybe it’s just your imagination running wild. Don’t worry, there won’t be any super advance secret military killer drones being sent after you in the near future… probably…

>Although I wouldn't mind assistance from someone who knows this station or department better than I do.
:CaptainDREAM: Don’t worry, we got you a partner.
:JourneyDREAM: Goodie!
:CaptainDREAM: He’ll transfer over next week.
:JourneyDREAM: Next week?
:CaptainDREAM: As you’ve notice, we’re rather stretched thin at the moment. Sorry. You still got your PAC unit to help you, though.
:JourneyDREAM: Wait, that’s why you were so glad to give me the case? Because you’re all “busy”?
:CaptainDREAM: My apologies, but we’re simply low on man power at the moment. Anyone competent enough for this case is already working on something a bit more important. Your case is just some property damage, after all.
:JourneyDREAM: Wait, what’s more important than murder?
:CaptainDREAM: That’s classified, officer. Strictly on need to know bassist… wait, murder? That thing wasn’t a person. The law states it was property damage, thus it is. You’re and officer of the law, you should follow the law, you know.
:JourneyDREAM: …he wasn’t… never mind.
>Just let me know if it starts right away or if I’ll have some time off first.
:CaptainDREAM: Start whenever you’re ready. Just follow whatever clues you’ve found. We’ll message you if we find anything on our side.
>You MAY want to show that red metal piece to her before you get black-bagged.
:CaptainDREAM: We’ve already seen it. You’re suit is recording everything you do and PAC will automatically send anything relevant to us.
>Sol corp says anything else or just that they'd like me on the case.
:CaptainDREAM: They said that they would contact you personally later.

>Then our suspects are limited to those with authorization to enter those tunnels, or someone capable of entering a secure area without authorization.
:JourneyDREAM: PAC, give me everyone who have authorization of those tunnels.
:PACDREAM: To many to list. I’ll have a look if I can find someone that might be suspected for the deed though.
:JourneyDREAM: Oh, and can you check if you can find any data if any of the entrances have been used at the time of the death. …including the doors on trams.
:PACDREAM: …that will take time, but I’ll do my best, Jo.
>Did the deceased have authorization to enter the tram shafts?
:PACDREAM: That’s a negative.

:JourneyDREAM: Well, I guess I’ll… um…
:CaptainDREAM: Actually, we need to give you a orientation and a quick tour the facilities. You know, because you’ve just been transferred here. We will also serve a nice cake with coffee at break time for you.
:JourneyDREAM: Oh, cake!
:CaptainDREAM: Afterwards, I would recommend that you take the rest of the day off…
>>
No. 608171 ID: 65a774
File 141763148348.png - (32.19KB , 900x450 , 27.png )
608171

Well, that’s was it… a quick tour was all you got. Of course, it doesn’t seem any different from your old job before you transferred here. Except that you actually got a case this time and won’t have to go around in circles looking for shoplifters… you know, some actual action for once. But first, it seems like the work shift is over here at sub level T and people are starting to return home… and your boss pretty much ordered you to relax…



…well, you’re bored.
>>
No. 608179 ID: 9ddf68

hey is that CB1 talking to the mantis over there? Well since your here see if the news has anything interesting to say and since you're off duty for the moment maybe go back to your room and get out of your suit. and hey since you're also back here maybe go check out that art exhibit when you get the chance. That way you can check it out since you were going to anyways and when you find nothing you can always just look at the art, maybe find out when those art classes are held if you get some free time. Other then that all I can think of is go to the observation deck and finally get a good view of space.
>>
No. 608181 ID: 4c5cf2

>and your boss pretty much ordered you to relax…
That's weird. A cover up of some kind maybe? Give the case to the newbie and tell them to take it easy, wait for nothing to come of it.

>The law states it was property damage, thus it is.
No. The law just says what we're allowed to charge the perpetrator with, when we find them. Not what it was.

...wait. Did the deceased have a family? Can we look that up? Because I'm pretty sure your coworkers aren't going to do a family notification they deserve. And we probably want to interview them.
>>
No. 608190 ID: 687279

>>608171
You've got new friends to hang out with! Hmm, that booblizard is here again. Is prostitution legal around here? This could be her pickup area. Or maybe it's a coincidence. Eavesdrop a little.
>>
No. 608203 ID: 6e79d4

>…well, you’re bored.
look at the news, is that red robot they're talking about our prime suspect? Does that human have a black eye? Is that Cib?
>>
No. 608213 ID: aa1c2a

So let me get this straight, in order to be see as sentient robots need a piece of paper saying they are? Well, I can understand the idea behind it its still kind of bullshit. Also just because an A.I doesn't have the right papers it doesn't mean its not sentient.
can a A.I be applied for sentience posthumously? If so maybe we can upgrade the case to murder.

Oh and check news and boob lizard

Kaktus, we're still waiting for the mantis in a toupee
>>
No. 608284 ID: 65a774
File 141764112739.png - (31.60KB , 900x450 , 28.png )
608284

> Kaktus, we're still waiting for the mantis in a toupee
Dammit! I was only a few updates away! You’ve ruined everything! That’s it, quest over!

>That's weird. A cover up of some kind maybe? Give the case to the newbie and tell them to take it easy, wait for nothing to come of it.
It is something to consider, but you aren’t exactly a newbie. You got five years of service with the peace keepers on your home planet, after all. You’re just new in Unity space.
>So let me get this straight, in order to be seen as sentient robots need a piece of paper saying they are?
The whole thing with the S.A.I is a diplomatic mess. Most of the galaxy doesn’t consider them people and the places that do can’t just free them from whoever owns them when they enter their sector without creating a diplomatic incident. Thus, all those that are “born” in unity / Serpens space or bought free are given an ID to make sure they aren’t mistaken as S.A.I that aren’t “free”. It’s a messy system, but it’s what we got.
>Can an A.I be applied for sentience posthumously? If so maybe we can upgrade the case to murder.
Not unless their owner pays to free them, which seems rather unlikely.

>...wait. Did the deceased have a family? Can we look that up?
:PACDREAM: Machines can’t have families.
:JourneyDREAM: How about friends… or people he considered family?
:PACDREAM: There is no data found on that subject. Sorry.
>Hey since you're also back here maybe go check out that art exhibit when you get the chance.
You need to make time for the art exhibit, yes. You’ve always thought feasting on culture was an exciting pastime, after all.
>Other than that all I can think of is go to the observation deck and finally get a good view of space.
And you can’t forget about SPACE!!!
>Look at the news, is that red robot they're talking about our prime suspect?
Of course he has to be! After all, he’s on the news right after the murder happened! Why else would they show something like this if not for foreshadowing!
:PACDREAM: Connecting… “-where the new and improved Automatic Robotic Combatants will be showcased, built by the local branch of the Military System Technologies Corp. …in other news, a massive tram jam happened this second shift when a tram station malfunctioned and refused to let trams dock. Luckily, several of the emergency systems worked as intended and no one was hurt or any property damage was achieved. Now over to sports and this week Scrumball tournament with the Harriot’s leading-
>since you're off duty for the moment maybe go back to your room and get out of your suit.
You consider going back to your apartment to take of your suit for a while… but then you remember that old… you think it was a human saying. “Men loves a woman in uniform”… or was “Woman loves a man in uniform”? Either way, both applies to you and you have a tough decision before you… suit or no suit?

>Does that human have a black eye?
Indeed, that human eye seems rather blue. You believe it might be some kind of wound or sickness.
>Hmm, that booblizard is here again. Is prostitution legal around here? This could be her pickup area.
Prostitution is very much illegal, yes, but let’s not jump to conclusions. There’s a shop with “better than life” modules nearby, and they are probably cheaper, legal and most important, more pleasurable. At least you think so… you’ve never actually seen one of those things before.
>Or maybe it's a coincidence. Eavesdrop a little.
:UnknownKAK: -walked right into a door, h-honest!
:UnknownKAK: Aw, you poor thing… you’re always unlucky, aren’t you? I mean, last week you broke your ankle when you fell from that platform in the park, right?
:UnknownKAK: Err… yeah, right… you know, I really need to go. I rather not be see- I mean, be late… so… um… later.
:UnknownKAK: Don’t be a stranger!

>Hey is that CB1 talking to the mantis over there?
:CkskDream: Ah, this must be her right now, correct?
:CB11DREAM: I believe so… I’ve never actually seen her in the suit. Jo?
:JourneyDREAM: It’s me, Cib.
:CkskDREAM: Well, a pleasure to meet you, miss Journey, I’m Kr’ak’a’cksk, but my friends call me Cksk. Here, have my card.
:JourneyDREAM: Card? …Legal help? Wait, you’re a lawyer?
:CkskDREAM: Indeed, and if you ever need any help with the law, I’ll be there for you, my lady. Just give me a call.

[Contact added.]
:CkskDREAM: [Judicator Kr’ak’a’cksk the Just. Male Hiver. Lawyer, gentlemen, plushy collector.]

:CkskDREAM: Now with those pleasantries aside, I do believe you were saying something about BTL’s?
:CB11DREAM: Oh right. Yeah, apparently Embracer of Harmony got a batch of those art based Sims. Apparently, they should be quite the trip for people who appreciate art like me and you.
:CkskDREAM: How delightful, I have to try one of those!
>>
No. 608292 ID: 88960e

>can't look up machine families
Maybe ask your neighbors later if they have unofficial communities that might have that information, if it's not a matter of public or official record.

>prostitution?
We're not on vice. So unless it's happening right in our face, or someone's being put in danger, I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
No. 608299 ID: 687279

>>608284
Ask them about any art exhibits that were near the tram tunnel the accident happened in.
>>
No. 608304 ID: 60700b

...Could a third party pay to free a sentient bot after it died? If so, how much would it cost?
>>
No. 608306 ID: 0de40a

Hrrm. Well, unless we can somehow stumble onto a clue we're stuck waiting until PAC finds something interesting I think.
So maybe now is the time to check out that Observation deck!
>>
No. 608307 ID: 687279

OH! There's a lead we forgot to pursue. The Mantis blood- check for any mantises recently admitted into hospitals.
>>
No. 608521 ID: 01745f

How close is the anniversary? Because all signs point to the worker SAI being killed as part of sabotage and/or a cover-up relating to the new military robots, which in turn more likely than not that means super advanced secretly-rogue military killer drones at the big event.
>>
No. 608615 ID: 825af6

Wait a second... BTL... The 'bot's note had "BTL" in it. Could it have been referencing a BTL sim? Wait... Embracer of Harmony... EoH... GOEOHBTLRASKID44677337CY. GO EOH BTL R ASK ID 44677337CY. GO to Embracer Of Harmony, BTL Retailer and ASK for sim ID 44677337CY. That's it! That's the note's directions! And Embracer just got a batch of art sims, and the 'bot wrote "ART" in it's own oil. It was indicating those sims! ...Or this could all be a complete coincidence. Still, wouldn't hurt to check it out, would it? Bid Cib and Cksk goodbye and head over to Embracer's BTL store.

Take a moment to update your personal alien first contact list, checking off meeting a male Hiver and a female Hiver for Cksk and the Captain, respectively. And think how you knew in an academic sense that Hivers are very tall relative to the other known sapient species, but meeting one in person really drives that fact home; Especially the Captain, who positively towered over you.

You also made a mental note to look up info on Dr. Tatius when you got back so ask PAC to compile the basics on him for you, including what you're allowed to see from his missing persons case file. If he turns out to be connected to the Sol Corp MSTC branch then he or his going missing might have something to do with your current case.

Ask PAC to see if it can download the press or marketing packet Sol Corp undoubtedly put together for their ARC demonstration and compare the images of the ARC to that piece of red metal you found on the roof of the tram. Does the color and shade match the ARC, and does the text on the piece of metal match up with any text on the ARC's body?

Ask PAC to pull up info on that tram jam you just heard about on the news since it might be how the 'bot in your case got into the tram tunnels. Was the jam located in or off the tram shaft you were in before? Where is the tram station that malfunction located and what caused it to malfunction? And how hard would it be for someone to get into the tram tunnels by breaking out of a tram compared to from outside the tram tunnels?

Also ask PAC if it can find any record of the 'bot in your case being known as a SAI by Sol Corp or anybody else before you encountered it today.

What's usually done by those outside Unity and Serpen territory when they find out that a AI has become a SAI? Specifically what protocol does Sol Corp follow when they discover one of their AIs has become one?

And do a Web search for "will I dream" in conjunction with "death" and "S.A.I." That 'bot's last words sounded like a some kind of belief or a religious thing, so maybe it learned it from somewhere else. If you find that you may have another thread to follow.
>>
No. 608651 ID: 65a774
File 141769722087.png - (15.92KB , 900x450 , 29.png )
608651

>Take a moment to update your personal alien first contact list, checking off meeting a male Hiver and a female Hiver for Cksk and the Captain, respectively.
You can’t forget the pink human male you just saw either. Let’s see… you got both Hivers, S.A.I, Male Serpent, Male red and female green Sakkil and both a pink and chocolate human males. Wait; does human come in four flavors or tree? Maybe it was just two? Hmm…
>Think how you knew in an academic sense that Hivers are very tall relative to the other known sapient species, but meeting one in person really drives that fact home; Especially the Captain, who positively towered over you.
She was like a tower, huge and intimidating. Quite fitting for her job, huh?

>You also made a mental note to look up info on Dr. Tatius when you got back so ask PAC to compile the basics on him for you, including what you're allowed to see from his missing person’s case file.
:PACDREAM: You are not authorized to see his missing person file. Quick Info: Male Sakkil, employed by Sol Corp medical department, married, no children.
>Ask PAC to see if it can download the press or marketing packet Sol Corp undoubtedly put together for their ARC demonstration and compare the images of the ARC to that piece of red metal you found on the roof of the tram.
:PACDREAM: They have yet to release any pictures of the newest model. They are saving that for the big show itself, but the red metal does match the standard red color for Military System Technologies Corp… and several other companies. That red color is rather popular.
>Where is the tram station that malfunctioned located and what caused it to malfunction?
:PACDREAM: It is located at one of the higher floor of the Grand Central Hub Tower, a station connected to the biggest shopping center of the station. The cause of malfunction hasn’t yet been disclosed.

>Also ask PAC if it can find any record of the 'bot in your case being known as a SAI by Sol Corp or anybody else before you encountered it today.
:PACDREAM: The Bot is registered as S.A.I by Sol Corp in human space.
>What's usually done by those outside Unity and Serpent territory when they find out that a AI has become a SAI? Specifically what protocol does Sol Corp follow when they discover one of their AIs has become one?
:PACDREAM: This difference from sector to sector and company to company. The three most common is to either, 1. Register them and keep ownership, using them as a more intelligent AI, 2. Ship them too Unity / Serpent space to either try to sell them to pro- S.A.I groups or giving over ownership freely, thus freeing them, or 3. Fragment them to keep them from going rampart. Sol Corp policies differ from sector to sector, mostly thanks to the size of the company.
>...Could a third party pay to free a sentient bot after it died? If so, how much would it cost?
:PACDREAM: Anyone who have ownership of the machine can free them. Current minimum stock price for AI of that level is fifty thousand credits. A K55P bot with that AI is worth 165 thousand.

>do a Web search for "will I dream" in conjunction with "death" and "S.A.I." That 'bot's last words sounded like a some kind of belief or a religious thing, so maybe it learned it from somewhere else.
:PACDREAM: Searching… most hits is the quote ”As her mind fragmented, she gathered the last of her energy to ask one final question… “Will I dream?” and the creator embraced her, graced her forehead with his lips and said, “You will all dream.”” Written by the S.A.I Taybius Selver in his book “Unity of Flesh and Steel.”. It is a well-known quote used primary by the Sisters of life, a philosophical group of S.A.I. that wished to become more organic in their ways.
>OH! There's a lead we forgot to pursue. The Mantis blood- check for any mantises recently admitted into hospitals.
:PACDREAM: To many Hivers admitted to hospital to single one out, unable to find a pattern linkable to the crime.
>How close is the anniversary? Because all signs point to the worker SAI being killed as part of sabotage and/or a cover-up relating to the new military robots, which in turn more likely than not that means super advanced secretly-rogue military killer drones at the big event.
Hmm… you believe it’s exactly a week away, so ten days going by the Unity calendar.

>ask your neighbors if they have unofficial communities that might have information about the robots family, if it's not a matter of public or official record.
:CB11DREAM: Err… you do realize we S.A.I don’t actually have families, right? Not in the sense that you guys have, at least. As for communities, there’s the Sons of Steel and Sisters of Life, both which hold regular meetings and other events on the station. Personally, I’m a member of the SoS’s while my “sister” is a SoL.
:JourneyDREAM: Sol? …as in Sol Corp?
:CB11DREAM: …no? Sol Corp stands for… um… I think Sol is the star the human home world of Mars orbits?
>Ask them about any art exhibits that were near the tram tunnel the accident happened in.
:CB11DREAM: How should we know?
:CkskDREAM: Well, as there are these art exhibits everywhere on the station it’s not really that hard to guess there would be one there too. Of course, most of them just have a lot of copies from famous art work from all the species and an exhibit filled with things the local populace has made. If you’ve been to one you’ve seen most of them, I say.
>So maybe now is the time to check out that Observation deck!
:CkskDREAM: Ah, I would recommend that you bring a sweater. It can become quite cool in there. In fact, I was considering making a visit myself, as the view is quite breathtaking.
:CB11DREAM: You can count me out for that. I’ll be heading to the Art class soon to finish my project there.

>Wait a second... BTL... The 'bot's note had "BTL" in it. Could it have been referencing a BTL sim? Wait... Embracer of Harmony... EoH...
GO EOH BTL R ASK ID 44677337CY… Go, Embracer of Harmony, better than life, Retailer, ask ID… HOLY FRAK!
:JourneyDREAM: What is BTL Sim store called?
:CB11DREAM: Embracer of Harmony “Better than life” rentals? Why?
:JourneyDREAM: I need to go, sorry. Peace keeper business. See you guys later!
:CB11DREAM: Well, goodbye!
:CkskDREAM: It’s been a pleasure.



:EoHDREAM: Welcome to Embracers BTL Rentals. If you’re here for business, Officer, than I have to complain that I’ve already been scanned twice this week. No, for the last time, I’m not selling illegal Sims. If you’re here to shop then the adult section is in the back. Take your time, will ya? *Shh* ahh… that’s the stuff…
>>
No. 608660 ID: aa1c2a

>space Lawyer
I thought all diseases were wiped out?

ART. What was that earlier about art and sims and are you sure it was A R T and not A R C
>>
No. 608666 ID: dbe554

If the Adult section is in the back how come there's a poster right next to the door that is basically advertising one of the most popular Tail Raising Adventures.

Ahh Unreal Arena, doesn't matter when it was produced it'll never die, either way you should ask him that ID and see if he responds.
>>
No. 608680 ID: 4c5cf2

>Err… you do realize we S.A.I don’t actually have families, right?
Well yes, but if you choose to organize in them anyways, that's a moot point!

We'll have to try following up with the SoL to see if they can us anything. Maybe Susan can help.

>>608651
Explain to the proprietor you're not on vice, nor the DRM squad. You're not here about any alleged illegal vids. You're following up on a lead on a separate case.

Ask him about the ID number.
>>
No. 608704 ID: 825af6

Wow, you didn't know an Uredo could exude an aura of scummyness like this before. And what is it that Embracer is smoking?

Okay, hold up here. If this is the place that K55P was heading to then it's quite possible that the ID number is a code phrase for Embracer to hand over something illegal. That means if you ask for it while in full Peacekeeper uniform Embracer is gonna either say "I don't have anything in stock with that ID" or hand over whatever mundane legal thing the ID actually points to. Unless you can offer Embracer sure protection from a charge of transporting illegal goods for cooperating in your case then you best go change into your civvies before asking for that ID number. Oh, and ask PAC if it can alter your voice while you're here so Embracer won't be able to figure you were the Peacekeeper by your voice when you come back.

It'd be suspicious for you to just step in here then step right back out so you may as well take a bit to browse Embracer's stock, including what's in the back, just to be complete. Tell Embracer you're not here on official business and ask what the rates are for rentals and what it takes to use a BTL; You've never used one before so you don't know. Hey, maybe there's some spaceflight sims here you could try; Not the combat ones but the boring ones with the historical spacecraft. It wouldn't be really being in space, but it'd be nearly like it. Or maybe there's one where you could float in space, sans space suit. That'd be something you couldn't do for real.

An alternate route to take here would be to get a warrant to search Embracer's store yourself so it couldn't hide anything. Unfortunately your hunch on the note's meaning wouldn't be enough to get one, right?

Take a moment to access Embracer's online catalog and check if it lists ID numbers and if so if they match the format of the one from the note. If they do then search for the ID number and if nothing comes up then sort by the ID number and look in the sequence where it should be and see what's around it there.

Check with PAC if this place has been scanned by the Peacekeepers an above average number of times and if so is there a particular reason on file for that. Does Embracer have a history dealing in illegal sims?

What constitutes an illegal sim? Is it for pirated sims, the sim's content matter or something like the sim has had its limiters or safeties hacked out which could pose a risk of real physical or neurological harm to the user?
>>
No. 608721 ID: 6e79d4

>Wow, you didn't know an Uredo could exude an aura of scummyness like this before.
That's probably why he buggered off to this place, he's worn out his welcome at his old home. Also smoking is probably looked down upon as cannibalism or something, but there's no sense in mentioning that.
... Do Uredo even have lungs?

>If you’re here for business, Officer, than I have to complain that I’ve already been scanned twice this week.
Relax, I'm off duty. I need something a bit more specific, do you have anything with this ID?
>>
No. 608722 ID: 4f004c

Whoops! I missed a bit
>Nhy’k’ckl
I'm gonna just think of her as Captain Nichole.
>Cksk.
Is that "ss-k-ss-k" or "kk-ss-k"? C's are so confusing.
>If you’re here for business, Officer, than I have to complain that I’ve already been scanned twice this week.
Not sure what that's all about, sir, but I was told to ask for a sim with the Id... Four-four, six-seven-seven, three-three-seven, see-why. Should be in the art section?
>>
No. 608733 ID: 687279

>>608651
Ask for 44677337CY.
>>
No. 608739 ID: 65a774
File 141772484608.png - (16.08KB , 900x450 , 30.png )
608739

>Lawyers? I thought all diseases were wiped out?
Some diseases are sadly necessary for our survival. Though what with the Hivers hatred for corruption, lawyers have started to lose some of the stigma usually associated with them. At least, in Unity and Uredo space.
>ART. What was that earlier about art and sims and are you sure it was A R T and not A R C?
You can’t really say. Going back and looking at the picture, you guess that can be a smudged C, maybe?
>Is that "ss-k-ss-k" or "kk-ss-k"? C's are so confusing.
:PACDREAM: It is pronounced Ch-k-ss-k.

>Check with PAC if this place has been scanned by the Peacekeepers an above average number of times and if so is there a particular reason on file for that.
:PACDREAM: All Sims stores on the station have an higher than necessary scanning’s. I found a few memos made by the Captain that should explain it. She demands that all Peace keeper personal stop visiting the Sims stores on working hours without reason and that anyone who tries to demand free Sims from the personal claiming they are part of an ongoing investigation will be suspended and fined.
>Does Embracer have a history dealing in illegal sims?
:PACDREAM: Embracer has never been arrested or charged for any crime.
>What constitutes an illegal sim? Is it for pirated sims, the sim's content matter or something like the sim has had its limiters or safeties hacked out which could pose a risk of real physical or neurological harm to the user?
:PACDREAM: Several reasons. If they are made or sold by non-official unity approved businesses they are considered heavy drugs. This is because if they lack the necessary safe guards imposed on them from the unity they are extremely addicting and life ruining. They can also pose a threat to your mental health if they are of low quality or cheaply made. As for content, the only content directly illegal is those that outright train you for criminal acts of any kind. There’s also the fact that for reaching the best possible realism and quality the action must be “recorded” in real life, thus making any Sims “recorded” on illegal action like murder, abuse or drug use illegal too.
>Wow, you didn't know an Uredo could exude an aura of scummyness like this before.
You resist checking off “Scummy” Uredo from your list of alien first contacts.

>... Do Uredo even have lungs?
:PACDREAM: Not in the same way most other species, no.
>And what is it that Embracer is smoking?
:JourneyDREAM: Err… excuse me, but you seems to be on fire…
:EoHDREAM: Oh, that… that’s just were I absorb these sweet, sweet toxins…
:JourneyDREAM: Wait, isn’t that one of those… um… human things? Don’t you need lungs for them?
:EoHDREAM: A cigarette, yes… and who needs lungs when you can pump that sweet toxic directly into your body? Oh… and the best part is when the body starts to repair itself… the mods in my head start releasing pain numbing hormones it’s like… like… oh…
:JourneyDREAM: …does this count as drug use?
:PACDREAM: Negative. Not addictive enough or dangerous.
>If the Adult section is in the back how come there's a poster right next to the door that is basically advertising one of the most popular Tail Raising Adventures.
:EoHDREAM: Because those fine butts are considered tasteful nudity.
>Explain to the proprietor you're not on vice, nor the DRM squad. You're not here about any alleged illegal vids. You're following up on a lead on a separate case.
:EoHDREAM: Oh, I’m sure you are… soon you’ll ask to take some of the more kinky stuff for free because they are “evidence”…
>Ask what the rates are for rentals and what it takes to use a BTL; You've never used one before so you don't know.
:EoHDREAM: Standard price is 200 zeds for three days. Some are as low as 25 zeds or expensive as 500 zeds. Depends on what they depict, age, quality, stuff like that. Oh, and you don’t need to have anything special but your standard input port in your head. All the necessary modules are packed in the Sims themselves.
>Hey, maybe there's some spaceflight sims here you could try; Not the combat ones but the boring ones with the historical spacecraft. It wouldn't be really being in space, but it'd be nearly like it. Or maybe there's one where you could float in space, sans space suit.
:EoHDREAM: They are among the “Real Experiences” section. I would recommend the “Tour around the Roon system.” It’s both good and cheap, mostly because the Serpens are almost giving them away for educational purposes. So… are you buying something, stranger, or are you just here to waste my time?

>Okay, hold up here. If this is the place that K55P was heading to then it's quite possible that the ID number is a code phrase for Embracer to hand over something illegal. That means if you ask for it while in full Peacekeeper uniform Embracer is gonna either say "I don't have anything in stock with that ID" or hand over whatever mundane legal thing the ID actually points to.
Hmmm… yes, you might consider not asking him straight out of the blue like that…
>Oh, and ask PAC if it can alter your voice while you're here so Embracer won't be able to figure you were the Peacekeeper by your voice when you come back.
:PACDREAM: Sorry, voice alteration while wearing an Peace Keeper suit is illegal without a good reason for it.
>Try to get a warrant to search Embracer's store yourself so it couldn't hide anything. Unfortunately your hunch on the note's meaning wouldn't be enough to get one, right?
:PACDREAM: You do not have enough for a warrant. Please find more evidence.
>Take a moment to access Embracer's online catalog and check if it lists ID numbers and if so if they match the format of the one from the note.
:PACDREAM: Searching… does not match ID for items for sale… searching… point of interest found. The ID match the IDs costumers get when they sign on.
:JourneyDREAM: Do he really have that many customers?
:PACDREAM: This shop is a part of a far larger business that have businesses all over Unity space.
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… then maybe…

>I need something a bit more specific, do you have anything with this ID?
:JourneyDREAM: -I need to know who it belongs to for an ongoing investigation.
:EoHDREAM: …that’s a new one. Sorry, I can’t do a fracking thing without a-
:PACDREAM: Search warrant for that ID has been approved by high command.
:EoHDREAM: …oh, I just got it. Right then, let’s look up that ID… hmm… belongs to a… a… stupid taffer who’s name I can’t pronounce. Here, I’ll send it to you.
:PACDREAM: Name: Tr’ak’kq’urk Qu’r’kkz, Male Mantis, Age: 36, Employed at Sol Corp at a classified position, but as he got a Master’s degree in engineering with a focus on AI it’s not hard to guess what he worked with. He rented three different Sims the last and only time he was here.
:EoHDREAM: Oh, right, I remember that guy. He rented three pornos, came back a day later with them and had apparently not even used any of them once. Thought he might have gotten cold feet.
>>
No. 608747 ID: 687279

>>608739
Ask to see the items in question. Since he didn't watch them, he probably rented them then put something in the cases for the robot to pick up. ...I suppose this means we're going to be taking them as evidence. Way to fulfill the stereotype. Oh, also ask for a description of the mantis. Or can we just contact him and arrange for a meeting?

Do buy the “Tour around the Roon system.” though.
>>
No. 608761 ID: aa1c2a

Hes altered the sims to contain hidden messages hasn't he? sigh looks like we're going to be watching some porn later on.
>>
No. 608762 ID: 88960e

Which items did he rent, how did he pay, and did the propitor notice anything else odd about him?

If we actually take any of his stock in as evidence, offer him a receipt and the number he can call for compensation if this causes undue hardship. (Governments can cover that).

Then rent the space SIM for yourself.

Be sure to say thank you.
>>
No. 608763 ID: 9ddf68

>Name: Tr’ak’kq’urk Qu’r’kkz, Male Mantis
and we did find mantis blood traces on the robot, so looks like we're getting somewhere at least. We might be able to hit him up when we go talk to that Sol corp guy that want's to see us. Also could PAC see if he had any medical problems in the last 72 hours, like treating an injuring or something? the more evidence we get the smoother it could make this investigation.

>He rented three pornos, came back a day later with them and had apparently not even used any of them once.
uh quick question? can an AI use a BTL? Don't know why but something is telling me he didn't get those BTLs for himself.
>>
No. 608764 ID: 687279

Oh, before we take the porn, ask if anyone else rented them after the mantis.
>>
No. 608766 ID: 9ddf68

>>608747
>I suppose this means we're going to be taking them as evidence.
think we could just ask this guy to see if there is any way for us to see if the BTLs he rented could be check to see if they were tampered with without us having to watch them. Would make things easier, we wouldn't have to watch them, and we could avoid that painfully awkward explanation to the caption why that us saying we needed some BTLs for an investigation was actually legit and not us abusing our power.
>>
No. 608772 ID: 60700b

>>608766
Agreed.
>>
No. 608784 ID: 65a774
File 141773330392.png - (16.19KB , 900x450 , 31.png )
608784

>Can we just contact him and arrange for a meeting?
:PACDREAM: Calling Tr’ak’kq’urk Qu’r’kkz… he is not available right now.
:JourneyDREAM: …where does he live? Maybe he’s home?
:PACDREAM: He lives on Level O and I can check if he’s home. Scanning… he’s apartment is currently unoccupied.
>Could PAC see if he had any medical problems in the last 72 hours, like treating an injuring or something?
:PACDREAM: No matches found.

>Ask to see the items in question. Since he didn't watch them, he probably rented them then put something in the cases for the robot to pick up.
:EoHDREAM: I’ve already checked through the cases for any foreign matter, but you’re welcome to give it a look yourself. Let’s see… he rented “Real Hentai xxx 18”, with a female human in a so called school uniform and a Uredo dressed as a monster…
:JourneyDREAM: Err… you don’t need to tell me what they are about-
:EoHDREAM: “Painting her white” which is a Cibbic x a male of all the other species. They… um… try to make her go from blue to-
:JourneyDREAM: I really don’t need to know-
:EoHDREAM: “The Hive that cum from space!”, apparently a parody of some kind of human movie. Starring a Female / Ovale hiver, several male hivers and several humans, both female and male.
:JourneyDREAM: Okay, stop it right there! I don’t want to-
:EohDREAM: The Sim involves both male and female impregnation with eggs-
:JourneYDREAM: SHUT UP!
:EohDREAM: -then them being “fertilized” by the ma-
:JourneyDREAM: NO!
:EohDREAM: Fine… heh… it was fun watching you squirm though, officer.
:JourneyDREAM: Frak you too, taffer…
:EoHDREAM: Biggest taffer there is.

>I think we could just ask this guy to see if there is any way for us to see if the BTLs he rented were tampered with without us having to watch them.
:EoHDREAM: Hmm… I can’t say, really. I’ve run them through the standard tests like I always do and they came up nothing.
:JourneyDREAM: …so I might be forced to actually watch these?
:EoHDREAM: Are you even sure he hid something in them? Or you know what you’re looking for?
:JourneyDREAM: Well… no…
>Oh, before we take the porn, ask if anyone else rented them after the mantis.
:EoHDREAM: Let’s see… nope, not these copies, no.
>How did he pay?
:EoHDREAM: Credcard?
>Oh, also ask for a description of the mantis.
:EoHDREAM: I don’t know… Hiver? Male? Green? Most aliens looks the same to me, really… at least humans can be all pink, brow and the Sakkil all red, green and stuff but… yeah, he was a Hiver male.
>Did he notice anything else odd about him?
:EoHDREAM: Hmm… he was nervous? I think?
>Can an AI use a BTL? Don't know why but something is telling me he didn't get those BTLs for himself.
:EoHDREAM: AI? They wouldn’t have a reason too… S.A.I on the other hand… sure, they can use them.
>...I suppose this means we're going to be taking them as evidence. Way to fulfill the stereotype.
:PACDREAM: Permission granted from high command.
:EoHDREAM: Huh… at least you got some papers to show off. They look legit enough, so be my guest and take those. Just remember I know where you live.
> If we actually take any of his stock in as evidence, offer him a receipt and the number he can call for compensation if this causes undue hardship.
:EoHDREAM: Oh… that’s… actually rather surprising. Then I’ll gladly hand over the BTL’s. Here.
>Do buy the “Tour around the Roon system.” though.
:JourneyDREAM: And I want to rent this for personal use.
:EoHDREAM: That will be 100 zeds, “sir”. Be back with it in three days or there will be a fee.
>Be sure to say thank you.
:EoHDREAM: Yeah, whatever, stop before you embarrass the both of us. Now stop taffing around and frak off, you’re scaring away the costumers.
:JourneyDREAM: What costumers?
:EohDREAM: Exactly, copper.

…so… you got porn and SPACE! …you’re both slightly intrigued and scared that you might actually need to play these. But enough work, you’re exhausted! Time to relax a bit!
>>
No. 608788 ID: dbe554

...Now I'm distinctly curious what would happen to a Cibic if they made the gel completely white, would it hurt it with the gel substance?

Either way, it's time to jet with our evidence. Hoo boy.
>>
No. 608789 ID: 687279

>>608784
Alright, no foreign matter... hmm. That means either the vids are altered or the mantis picked up the planted items... Ask if anyone else has ever rented these three videos all at once before.
>>
No. 608790 ID: 88960e

Right, enough scaring off his customers.

Let's check out the observation deck!

Hmm. Maybe we don't need to watch the porn. Could we just have our AI scan the data and see if it's been edited or anything?
>>
No. 608793 ID: 9ddf68

>both slightly intrigued and scared that you might actually need to play these
would it be possible to actually get someone else to watch this crap?Or at least see if we can't scan it first to see if we can't pick up something that shows it's been tampered with? I mean we're a xeno fan not a xenophile. One a different note I say we finally go and check out the observation deck after dumping this crap off at home (and putting it somewhere where people would easily find it) then ending the day with the BTL you actually bought for yourself and doesn't have the high risk of scaring you for the foreseeable future.
>>
No. 608795 ID: 687279

>>608784
>female/ovale Hiver
Wait, Hivers don't have Ovales. That's Serpens.
>>
No. 608806 ID: 4f004c

>Female / Ovale hiver
Ovale hiver? Does he mean Serpens?
>Biggest taffer there is.
Had to look that up... Apparently, in British slang, it means "Fucker," but can also mean a variety of different things based on the context.
>AI? They wouldn’t have a reason too… S.A.I on the other hand… sure, they can use them.
Hmm. I wonder if the K55P had memory copied to them. I doubt they're replaced by the blackbox itself, but somebody of a classified position in the Sol company could likely afford to do such in a way that doesn't leave evidence of tampering.
I'm really, REALLY hoping that's what the case is, but maybe we should ask Susan if she'd be willing to check through it to help us out. ...Just to be on the safe side, don't ask her directly, of course. She may have said that porn is great for "educational purposes," but... Let's just find a way to beat around the bush in asking.
>>
No. 608891 ID: 825af6

Heh. Embracer is kinda growing on you. Like a fungus. It's definitely a different experience to meet an Uredo that's quite so rough around the edges; If it was any rougher it'd have bark.

You have just a couple more questions for Embracer, but you don't want to scare off his customers. Ask if it'd exchange contacts with you and you'll call it right after you leave to finish up.

Were the three BTL sims located near each other on the shelves here, maybe even adjacent to each other, and were they on the shelves nearest the entrance to the adult section? If they were close to the entrance and grouped together that may indicate that Tr’ak’kq’urk grabbed three at random in a hurry. Also ask how long Tr’ak’kq’urk was in here and if he went right for the adult section or checked any others first.

Since Embracer seems to have a bit of a problem with Peacekeeper officers abusing their position to get free BTL uses tell it about that memo from the Captain. Say if Embracer gets another officer pulling that it should get the whole thing on video and send it to you and you'll kick it up to the Captain or one of her lieutenants. ...Uh, just don't ever mention to anybody you told it this; Especially the other Peacekeepers.

Considering that you needed a warrant to get Embracer to hand over the customer account info that raises the question of how the K55P would have gotten the data just by asking. Did Embracer send PAC all of Tr’ak’kq’urk's account info? You want to check it for anybody else that had been authorized to view the account's rental history, and also if the K55P had been list as a servant 'bot for him. If it was listed as a servant then it would have had access to the rental history, wouldn't it? Also, check if there's conditions other then a warrant Embracer would have been allowed to release the account info to one who is not on the account.

Those warrants came down super quick, almost the exact second you needed them. Do they normally come that fast? 'Cause if they don't then somebody up there is watching your investigation in real time and that is a little bit unnerving. Better check the warrants to see who issued them and also watch what you say while in uniform.

How are you going to handle evidence control for those BTL sims since you're not taking them back to PKHQ for lockup? Evidence legally has to be kept in a secure, monitored location to prevent the possibility of tampering or loss and if you don't maintain that it may hurt your case at trial. Does your Peacekeeper suit have secure evidence compartments you can keep them in?

Check Embracer's catalog for gourmand BTLs you could rent later. That'd allow you to experience the taste of rare and expensive foods and drinks you couldn't possibly afford. Unfortunately to get the proper taste experience you'll need a sim recorded from a Cibic and there probably won't be Cibic gourmand BTLs in stock since you're the first Cibic in this spire.

Ask PAC to keep trying to contact Tr’ak’kq’urk every five minutes as well as scan his apartment for any occupants and inform you immediately if he responds or somebody shows up there. Also, when is the last time and place PAC can place him at. And ask if you have enough evidence to get a warrant to search his apartment yet.

It's possible that Tr’ak’kq’urk didn't modify the BTL sim itself but instead put the information on or in the sim packaging or case in a way that wouldn't show on regular scans. Something like laser etched micro-print code on the inside of the case or on the BTL module package wouldn't be something Embracer's scan would notice 'cause it'd look like normal surface wear. Or something like encoding the info on strands of synthetic DNA and leaving a speck of them in a corner of a case would look like a normal piece of dust. Ask PAC to do a deep forensic scan of the BTLs and their cases for everything it can and look for any patterns at all.

Maybe you should consider using these porn BTLs another bit of culture experience and just go through with them yourself. After all, a big part of culture revolves around sexuality. And be rather thankful the three BTLs weren't much, much more perverse or distasteful then they are, 'cause from what you've heard the well of sexual deviancy can go a hell of a lot deeper then what they are before hitting illegal.

You may want to consider contacting Susan and bring her in to check out these BTLs. She seemed to have partaken often of the adult section of Embracer's for "educational" purposes, so she might have rented all three of those sims. If she has then using them now she may notice if anything is different from before. Though, you ought to contact her about this only after you've checked the BTLs yourself.

Also, there's the possibility that if the BTLs were modified that the changes are designed to only show up for a S.A.I. Unfortunately any S.A.I. officers are going to be tied up with all the crap swamping the Peacekeepers right now, so you likely won't be able to call one down for this. Maybe if you went up to PKHQ you could get one.

For now just head over to the observation deck, pop off your helmet and relax a bit with the view of space. Your suit ought to keep you warm enough so you won't have to go get a sweater, right? And buy a new snack or drink to try while you do. You've tried a human food already, so get something from one of the other species next for variety.

>>608789
Now that's a good idea. Definitely ask if anybody rented these three BTLs at once before him, and if not if the last renter before him for all of them was the same person.

>>608806
"Taffer" is also used often as profanity in the Thief game series. I figure Kaktus picked it up from there.
>>
No. 609091 ID: 65a774
File 141778839829.png - (15.29KB , 900x450 , 32.png )
609091

>Heh. Embracer is kinda growing on you. Like a fungus.
And just like fungus he leaves this kind of warm but irritating feeling...
>It's definitely a different experience to meet an Uredo that's quite so rough around the edges; If it was any rougher it'd have bark.
While you’ve met many Uredo in your life, many of whom who have moved away from the old Uredo stereotypes, you’ve never met one quite as… full of character as Embracer.
>Those warrants came down super quick, almost the exact second you needed them. Do they normally come that fast?
:PACDREAM: Smaller warrants like those for collecting data and evidence can be authorized by the Main Peacekeeper Assistance Master Core AI which I’m directly in contact with. This is to speed up the process as much as possible.
>'Cause if they don't then somebody up there is watching your investigation in real time and that is a little bit unnerving.
:PACDREAM: Remember your training. Your suit will record everything you do as long as it’s active.
:JourneyDREAM: Yes, yes, I remember. Still, it’s a bit unnerving even after five years…
:PACDREAM: Do not worry. Only thing that is actively monitored is investigations, arrest of subjects or if you’ve been reported by someone in the populace. As long as you don’t do anything illegal or show gross incompetence they will not care what you do.
:JourneyDREAM: Right, right, just do my job…

>Ask PAC to keep trying to contact Tr’ak’kq’urk every five minutes as well as scan his apartment for any occupants and inform you immediately if he responds or somebody shows up there.
:PACDREAM: Order confirmed. He’s comm is still busy. No one has yet to enter his apartment.
>When is the last time and place PAC can place him at. And ask if you have enough evidence to get a warrant to search his apartment yet.
:PACDREAM: He reported to work as usual yesterday and worked his whole shift. You do not have enough for a warrant to search his apartment nor allowed to use the onboard cameras to track his moment yet. Besides, a warrant like that will need approval from a high ranking officer too.
>How are you going to handle evidence control for those BTL sims since you're not taking them back to PKHQ for lockup?
:PACDREAM: You apartment is fitted with a special security locker that is made to keep evidence in. You can only access it while on duty with the suit on and it is monitored thirty hours a day. Any or all evidence will be safe there unless they need special storage.
>Maybe we don't need to watch the porn. Could we just have our AI scan the data and see if it's been edited or anything?
:PACDREAM: I’ll need a pair of “clean” copies to compare too. Also, thanks to the amount of data one of these things got in them it will take two days or a day at a half to do a proper scan.
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… that’s quite some time isn’t it? But I guess-
:PACDREAM: Each.
:JourneyDREAM: Wait, EACH!?
:PACDREAM: I will also need time to compare the data so… minimum time is about a week.
:JourneyDREAM: That’s… that’s way too long… but… I don’t know if I actually want to watch these...
:PACDREAM: I would recommend that you leave them bee then, at least until you know what you’re actually looking for.
>Maybe it’s something like laser etched micro-print code on the inside of the case or on the BTL module package… or something like encoding the info on strands of synthetic DNA and leaving a speck of them in a corner of a case would look like a normal piece of dust.
:PACDREAM: Please slow down a bit, Jo. This is reality, not some kind of Sci-fi Holo simulation.

>...Now I'm distinctly curious what would happen to a Cibic if they made the gel completely white, would it hurt it with the gel substance?
Hmm… you’re pretty sure that wouldn’t work at all. You know that interspecies intercourse is possible if a bit awkward for your kind, you don’t think you can actually color the gel substance around your body like that; it’s an acid after all. You know that when you mate with one of your own you actually fold the “skin” of the gel into a tunnel to your actual private parts, so you’re guessing it’s like that when mating with the other species too? Hmm… maybe you should look stuff like this up… its kind interesting after all…
>I mean we're a xeno fan not a xenophile.
While you don’t find them physically attractive, you can’t help but to be curios of the whole interspecies dance that’s going on here…
>Maybe you should consider using these porn BTLs another bit of culture experience and just go through with them yourself. After all, a big part of culture revolves around sexuality.
…Though maybe you should try to start a bit smaller then these… um… things. Hmm… on the other hand… this one allows you to play as “an alien Queen”, that is to say a female Hiver… you’ve can’t help but wonder how it would be to be as tall as the captain, now can you?
>Maybe we should ask Susan if she'd be willing to check through it to help us out. ...Just to be on the safe side, don't ask her directly, of course. She may have said that porn is great for "educational purposes," but... Let's just find a way to beat around the bush in asking.
…for some reason, the chances of her actually wanting to watch these seems rather low…

>Ask if it'd exchange contacts with you and you'll call it right after you leave to finish up.
:EoHDREAM: Do you want my number for your investigation?
:JourneyDREAM: Well, I still need some questions asked… but it’s also for personal use, if that’s alright.
:EoHDREAM: … … …you know what, I might slightly tolerate you in the end, taffer. Here’s my number, call me later and we can talk over a gargle blaster at the pub.

[New Contact added!]
:EoHDREAM: [Embracers of Harmony of clan Air Surfer. Ungendered Uredo, “The fracking biggest taffer around!”]
:EohDREAM: Now frack off!

>Since Embracer seems to have a bit of a problem with Peacekeeper officers abusing their position to get free BTL uses tell it about that memo from the Captain.
:EoHDREAM: Oh? That would explain why they suddenly stopped coming in the middle of the week. Good to hear my complains was finally listen too.
>Ask if anyone else has ever rented these three videos all at once before.
:EoHDREAM: Let’s see… nope. All three are of different taste after all, so I’m not surprised.
>Were the three BTL sims located near each other on the shelves here, maybe even adjacent to each other, and were they on the shelves nearest the entrance to the adult section?
:EoHDREAM: Of course not. You don’t put the ovipositor ones next to the “normal” orgy ones. That wouldn’t make sense! But… actually, when that Hiver was here two days and rented them they were all on the “BTL of the Day” adult section stand, so they might have been right next to each other, yeah.
>Hmm. I wonder if the K55P had memory copied to them.
:EohDREAM: The scans would have detected that, Mr. copper.
>Considering that you needed a warrant to get Embracer to hand over the customer account info that raises the question of how the K55P would have gotten the data just by asking.
:EoHDREAM: This K55P was just an AI, right?
:JourneyDREAM: Um… on paper, yes.
:EoHDREAM: Normal AI’s can come and get already rented BTL’s in their masters name. As he rented them two days ago and the usual rent time is three days, he’s technically still renting them now.

>Ovale hiver? Does he mean Serpens?
:EoHDREAM: No, I mean Hiver. Chick spliced an ovipositor to herself, you know, like a sex change. She seems rather popular too, going by how many of those BTL pornos she stars in.
>Check Embracer's catalog for gourmand BTLs you could rent later. That'd allow you to experience the taste of rare and expensive foods and drinks you couldn't possibly afford.
Hmm… there’s a lot of BTL… a lot more than those that he had on display. Hundreds of them just for food and drinking too! How should you ever decide which one to choose!?
>Unfortunately to get the proper taste experience you'll need a sim recorded from a Cibic and there probably won't be Cibic gourmand BTLs in stock since you're the first Cibic in this spire.
:EoHDREAM: Of course I got Cibic recorded BTLs. Why wouldn’t I?
:JourneyDREAM: Well… I’m kind of the only Cibic in this tower?
:EoHDREAM: Ha, hardly. You might be the only Jelly on the levels around this one, sure, but not in the whole tower. Besides, the whole thing about BTL is to experience things you could never experience otherwise, which means switching species is rather popular choice.

>For now just head over to the observation deck, pop off your helmet and relax a bit with the view of space. Your suit ought to keep you warm enough so you won't have to go get a sweater, right?
Right, you need some time to relax for once… and looking out unto the marvelous sea of stars is one of the best ways to do it.
>And buy a new snack or drink to try while you do. You've tried a human food already, so get something from one of the other species next for variety.
You buy one of those Serpens drinks this time. You have to admit, thanks to mostly eating fluids those snakes know how to really make a tasty drink. Yum.

You slowly remove your helmet and take what can be considered a big breath for your kind before continuing on through the security point for the observatory, entering the emergency airlock placed before it. As the last airlock door opens, you feel the cool air watch over you as you’re greeted of a sight that leave your breathless…

…YOU’RE IN FRACKING SPACE, MAN!! WOO!!
>>
No. 609092 ID: dbe554

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!

What planet is that nearby anyways?

Also interspecies contact would certainly be an interesting thing to lookup, I mean while you may not be a xenophile the vast differences between species does allow for a different context when one actually...well, "gets it on". Specially with how vastly different a cubic is from others, though Serpens is probably as different when it comes down to it considering the Tri Gender thing..

Eh well, food for thought while we aren't on duty, and the view is excellent here.
>>
No. 609100 ID: 4c5cf2

>You do not have enough for a warrant to search his apartment nor allowed to use the onboard cameras to track his moment yet
He's only a person of interest yet at this point, anyways. Technically. We don't have enough information to formally treat him as a suspect, or apply for search or arrest warrants. But he is someone we need to talk to.

>so you’re guessing it’s like that when mating with the other species too?
Sure, except for the most part, their private organs come pre-formed. Not everyone is as malleable as you guys.

>BTL of the Day
Which might mean there's nothing special about them at all. Maybe he just needed to be down here and renting the vids was part of his cover.

>…YOU’RE IN FRACKING SPACE, MAN!! WOO!!
Just stare and zone out for a little while. So cool.
>>
No. 609109 ID: 9ddf68

now this is a view. What do you know about the planet we're circling?

Looking around I see that human that had the black eye, a serpen that we haven't seen before that is talking to him, and that sad sakkil guy who's standing by himself.
>>
No. 609112 ID: b0ebff

I wonder if you can get BTLs of BLTs
Cant unsee Dr.robotnik eh..lizard? What is that thing in the Fez?
>>
No. 609120 ID: 4f004c

>How should you ever decide which one to choose!?
Do they have some of those "For dummies" ones? Those are always a great starting place!
>which means switching species is rather popular choice.
...Well we've already started on Human cuisine, so perhaps once we're out of uniform and have time to head back, we can check for apprentice chef or something.
>You slowly remove your helmet and take what can be considered a big breath for your kind
Whoo, helmet removed! ...I'm really hoping that look on the Sakkil's face is that he's awestruck at the view, and not that he just got stood up or told his girl is pregnant. Is that a male? It's harder to tell when it comes to Red Sakkils.
It also looks like that Serpens is winking at that human, but I can't tell. As a species who doesn't have very visible eyes to start with, reading two eyes is hard enough, and Serpens have even more!
>>
No. 609130 ID: 65a774
File 141780654663.png - (15.67KB , 900x450 , 33.png )
609130

>SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!
IT’S AMAZING!!
>Just stare and zone out for a little while. So cool.
Spaaacee… … …





>What planet is that nearby anyways?
You believe with was called something like zeta 14, mythog 34 or curion 59… something like that. It’s completely frozen over and nearly uninhabitable, but we still got some mining stations down there harvesting the heavier metals beneath the planet’s surface.
>Do they have some of those "For dummies" ones? Those are always a great starting place!
Let’s see… apparently they have a lot of them… like “How to cook Hiver food for dummies”, “How to play Scrum ball for dummies”, “How to stabilize the quriont equilator in zert mode on a turion frame from 45 theta for dummies”, “How to not drown horribly as a Sakkil for dummies”, “How to please your Ovale girlfriend as a male for dummies.”, “How to make you Hiver boyfriend have his biggest- err… you believe you might have stumbled upon the adult section there for a bit.
>I wonder if you can get BTLs of BLTs.
“How to make and eat BLTs… for dummies”.

>He's only a person of interest yet at this point, anyways. Technically. We don't have enough information to formally treat him as a suspect, or apply for search or arrest warrants.
You don’t have enough information to treat him as anything yet.
>Which might mean there's nothing special about them at all. Maybe he just needed to be down here and renting the vids was part of his cover.
Hmm… it’s possible, yes… it should have been one of those… how do you call it… purple sea… um… shrimp? No…
>Looking around I see that human that had the black eye, a serpent that we haven't seen before that is talking to him.
That quite clearly not the same male human. The last human was all pink and didn’t have cybernetics on his eye, while this one is a bit more… um… what kind of color is he? Neither really pink nor brown? …either way, now you can check off Serpent Ovale and Male human… err… some kind of color?
>It also looks like that Serpens is winking at that human, but I can't tell. As a species that doesn't have very visible eyes to start with, reading two eyes is hard enough, and Serpens has even more!
Why can’t more species have eyestalks like normal people? Preferable one.

>...I'm really hoping that look on the Sakkil's face is that he's awestruck at the view.
No, that’s quite clearly a look of crushing despair… wait, I’ve seen that look before…
>That sad sakkil guy from the cafe, standing by himself.
Hey, it is the guy from the café, isn’t it! How neat!
>What is that thing in the Fez?
He also got a really weird hat. It looks rather silly… but yet… something compels you to call it “cool”.

>Also interspecies contact would certainly be an interesting thing to lookup, I mean while you may not be a xenophile the vast differences between species does allow for a different context when one actually...well, "gets it on". Specially with how vastly different a cibic is from others, though Serpens is probably as different when it comes down to it considering the Tri Gender thing…
It would be quite an experience, wouldn’t it? You just have to wonder how different every species would be… would Sakkil be dedicated to really see the job finished correctly? Would humans take their creativity and ingenuity into bed with them? Would Hivers use their superior size and strength? …and does Serpents always have threesomes? Hmm… so many questions…
>Eh well, food for thought while we aren't on duty, and the view is excellent here.
Oh, right, the view… it’s really is peaceful, isn’t it? …you can hardly believe that you’re actually out in space, so many light years away from your home… to think, the light you see from what used to be your sun is probably older than your whole species… it’s quite amazing… … … … *sluuuurp*
>>
No. 609135 ID: 687279

>>609130
Go meet the Sakkil! Ask him why the long face.
>>
No. 609139 ID: dbe554

Maybe a few usages of those BTL might be good for later... As that SAI put it, "Educational" purposes of learning.

Though probably something simpler then those, considering the content. Actually now that I think on it how common are body mods like that Hiver Ovipositor change? I mean we've seen a Sakkil with full human female morphs, a full body SAI with synth body, and now discovery of internal reproductive changes.

Though that guy really does look depressed, I mean I feel bad for him and we don't even know what's wrong.
>>
No. 609143 ID: 4f004c

>how do you call it… purple sea… um… shrimp? No…
Or was it turquoise lake crab?
>Male human… err… some kind of color?
Male human peach tan? Say, there's another food to try. Peaches!
>but yet… something compels you to call it “cool”.
It's large, it's spacious, and it's even got a built in tassle to swing around and cause a slight breeze upon the scales! Still very silly looking, but we can't deny its functionality.
>Though that guy really does look depressed, I mean I feel bad for him and we don't even know what's wrong.
Susan mentioned something about him missing a space freighter. It's possible his love was on it, or that it was the only ship for lightyears that was going to where his love is. Could also be that he learned he's going to die and needs to go see a specialist somewhere else. Really, can't make assumptions on something like this.
>>
No. 609146 ID: 6e79d4

Go complement the Sakkil's hat. Finnish your drink first, apparently watching you eat stuff is unnerving, unless that's just an 'organic thing'.

>Hmm… it’s possible, yes… it should have been one of those… how do you call it… purple sea… um… shrimp? No…
Red herring? It's also possible the titles are related to something if there was otherwise no tampering.
>Why can’t more species have eyestalks like normal people? Preferable one.
Do do list; experience binocular vision.
>>
No. 609150 ID: b0ebff

>purple sea… um… shrimp
Red Herring and remember to digest food in your chest not your head.

>Hmm… so many questions…
like stuff about the first inter species intercourse; who did it involve, under what circumstances did it happen, what happened afterwards? We need to find this stuff out about every species first time with every other species, it will give us a look into how they thought about such things back then.
>>
No. 609159 ID: 65a774
File 141781588367.png - (15.29KB , 900x450 , 34.png )
609159

>Or was it turquoise lake crab?
Hmm… Teal floating squids? No, that’s just silly…
>Red herring?
Oh, right! Red herring! That’s what they are called!

>Maybe a few usages of those BTL might be good for later... As that SAI put it, "Educational" purposes of learning. Though probably something simpler than those, considering the content.
While you’re excited about trying a bunch of BTL’s, you have to remember you’re not made out of money. Let’s see… oh right, you’ve only spent 100 zeds so you still got 1900 left… Maybe you got enough money after all…
>Actually now that I think on it how common are body mods like that Hiver Ovipositor change? I mean we've seen a Sakkil with full human female morphs, a full body SAI with synth body, and now discovery of internal reproductive changes.
They seem to be far more common here in Unity space then in your home world, that’s for sure. You’re pretty sure you’ve read somewhere that both bio and cyber mods are rather common here, actually. Supposedly rather cheap compared to other parts of the galaxy.
>like stuff about the first inter species intercourse; who did it involve, under what circumstances did it happen, what happened afterwards?
It would be interesting to explore the “first contacts”, you have no idea if anyone actually recorded those… um… meetings…
>Finnish your drink before talking to anyone, apparently watching you eat stuff is unnerving, unless that's just an 'organic thing'.
Oh, right… of course… *Slurp* the whole seeing “we don’t want to see you digest stuff”.

>It's large, it's spacious, and it's even got a built in tassel to swing around and cause a slight breeze upon the scales! Still very silly looking, but we can't deny its functionality.
It’s also very eye catching!
>That guy really does look depressed. Susan mentioned something about him missing a space freighter. It's possible his love was on it…
Hmm…
:VitusDREAM: I should have been there… I… I should have been with them…
>Go complement the Sakkil's hat.
:JourneyDREAM: Excuse me… I just have to say, your hat is quite delightful.
:VitusDREAM: Huh? Oh, the fez… um… thanks?
:JourneyDREAM: It’s human in origin, right? Rather old too?
:VitusDREAM: Err… I think so?
:JourneyDREAM: Though I have to say, wearing all red is rather… um… you’re kind of blending in with your own clothes a bit…
:VitusDREAM: …um… is there something you wanted or… um… are you just here to talk about my clothes?
:JourneyDREAM: Well… I… um…
>>
No. 609160 ID: fef726

Tell him you just moved in and was hoping to make some friends. Can't do that without talking to people right?
>>
No. 609161 ID: 6e79d4

I saw you at the cafe, and I don't believe we've met. I'm Song of the Journey, I've moved in recently.
>>
No. 609162 ID: 687279

>>609159
Tell him you like meeting new species and he's the first Sakkil you've met here. Also, um, you saw him in the cafe earlier and he still looks pretty down. Is he okay? Does he need someone to talk to? That is a he, right? I'm having a hard time making out his markings.

...if something happened to the freighter, then he's dealing with survivor's guilt.
>>
No. 609211 ID: 330ce5

Talk about SPACE or see if cooking is common ground.
>>
No. 609220 ID: 9ddf68

tell him you just moved here and you kept seeing him around so you thought you'd stop and say hi. That and maybe get his name so you could call him something other then that red guy. But you meant what you said of his clothes, they look very snazzy.
>>
No. 609226 ID: dbe554

I think that Serpens is looking right at us now, but try and approach the topic tactfully with him, considering what he's been saying he sounds like he's depressed, and generally saying saying something untactful generally won't help their situation.
>>
No. 609421 ID: 65a774
File 141788100678.png - (15.35KB , 900x450 , 35.png )
609421

>I think that Serpens is looking right at us now.
Seems like she’s sizing you up for something.
>That is a he, right? I'm having a hard time making out his markings.
That’s clearly a male Sakkil, yes. You’ve already checked for your first contact list when you were in the café, remember?

>Tell him you just moved in and were hoping to make some friends. Can't do that without talking to people right?
:VitusDREAM: Oh, right… making acquaintances. You say you just moved in? So you’re the new tenant in 8T?
:JourneyDREAM: That’s my apartment, alright. How did you know?
:VitusDRAEM: I live in 7T and I used to know the one who lived there before you.
:JourneyDREAM: Really? Sorry if your friend moved away.
:VitusDREAM: Don’t be, he was a jerk.
>I'm Song of the Journey.
:VitusDREAM: I’m Vitus of the family clan Mort… was of the family… I… j-just call me Vitus. I’m Vitus… yes… um… Nice to make your acquaintance, Song of… err…
:JourneyDREAM: You can call me Joana… or Jo.
:VitusDREAM: Nice to meet you Joana… so, that’s means you’re a she? My apologies, but it’s kind of hard to tell your gender…
:JounreyDREAM: Well… I’m technically both a he and a she, but I prefer she.
:VitusDREAM: …oh, right, your species have both genders… I’ve always wondered how that actually works…

>I saw you at the cafe, and I don't believe we've met.
:VitusDREAM: Oh… that… that wasn’t one of my best moments…
:JourneyDREAM: You looked a bit down-
:VitusDREAM: I don’t want to talk about it.
:JourneyDREAM: …fair enough.
>You meant what you said of his clothes, they look very snazzy.
:VitusDREAM: Thank you. I have to say, you look rather fitting in that uniform yourself. It really brings out deep red of your eye.
>Talk about SPACE.
:VitusDREAM: Ah, yes… space… a vast, endless darkness filled with insignificant lights, lights that are slowly dying, one by one… it reflect our lives, doesn’t it?
:JourneyDREAM: …err… Personally, I’ve always seen the stars as opportunities, futures that are just waiting for us to be explored.
:VitusDREAM: Hmm…
>See if cooking is common ground.
:VitusDREAM: Wait, how did you know I loved to cook?
:JourneyDREAM: I didn’t? I kind of just… um… guessed? I mean, I love to eat nice food so I thought… um…
:VitusDREAM: Oh, right, your kind loves to eat, don’t they? But yes, I like to cook on my free time… most often old Sakkil recipes.
:JourneyDREAM: I’m not really a good cook myself, sadly…
>>
No. 609422 ID: dbe554

Oh hey a pretty green and blue thing just appeared in the stars above the planet.

Also that Serpens is still looking..It's getting kinda awkward now, but yeah I don't imagine you cooked much, most likely just ate what you could that didn't need much preparation.

Also seems you two are on separate horizons as well, he is pessimistic about the future and see's things as bleak, while your sitting on the frontier looking towards things as only being able to go up. Discuss with him about the old Sakkil recipes, stating you've always been a fond of xeno culture and that cooking would be an interesting conversation about what is used in the process of old handed down recipes.
>>
No. 609429 ID: 4f004c

Ooh, are the warp gates visible from this platform? I wonder how they look when used.
>>
No. 609435 ID: 4c5cf2

>I’ve always wondered how that actually works…
It mostly means we just pick a pronoun to use so as not to confuse everyone else.
>>
No. 609458 ID: 9ddf68

hey something is happening above the planet, any idea what?

so might as well ask what Vitus does for a living. also maybe ask if he knows why that serpen is looking at you like that?
>>
No. 609477 ID: 65a774
File 141790109008.png - (16.80KB , 900x450 , 36.png )
609477

>Oh hey a pretty green and blue thing just appeared in the stars above the planet.
It seems like someone is using the interplanetary system warp gate highway. No matter how many times you’ve seen it in action from the ground at your home planet; you can’t help but marvel at its magnificent.
>Ooh, are the warp gates visible from this platform? I wonder how they look when used.
Why wonder when you can experience?
>Also that Serpens is still looking... It's getting kinda awkward now.
Yeah, she’s been looking at me for a while now, hasn’t she?

>It mostly means we just pick a pronoun to use so as not to confuse everyone else.
:VitusDREAM: Oh, I didn’t mean like that. I meant more in a… um… in relationships, you know… who is the… well…
:JourneyDREAM: We didn’t even have proper gender pronouns before first contact…
:VitusDREAM: Of course you didn’t… I’m guessing it’s just weird seeing another species with… well, one gender, I guess? But… I can’t resist to ask, when you mate, who… err… never mind…
:JourneyDREAM: We choose beforehand who will be the mother, if that’s what you’re asking. Sometimes, both ends up mothers even.
:VitusDREAM: …hmm…

>Discuss with him about the old Sakkil recipes, stating you've always been a fond of xeno culture and that cooking would be an interesting conversation about what is used in the process of old handed down recipes.
:VitusDREAM: Um… I guess I can cook something up for you, maybe? You know… like a “welcome neighbor” thing?
:JourneyDREAM: Oh, I’d love to get a taste of your skills. I’m sure it will be delicious!
:VitusDREAM: Um… I hope you will think so…
>So might as well ask what Vitus does for a living.
:VitusDREAM: Err… right now I’m on sick leave because… um… reasons. I’m actually an AI installer in Sol Corp. You know, program AIs into robots and stuff. And you are a peace keeper, correct?
:JourneyDREAM: With five years on the force and counting.
:VitusDREAM: I’m sure you must live an existing life then.
:JourneyDREAM: Not really… I mostly walk around catching petty thieves… well, today was kind of exiting but that’s not the norm.

>Also maybe ask if he knows why that Serpens is looking at you like that?
:VitusDREAM: Oh, her? She’s… well, new here too and… um… you know how Serpens are.
:JourneyDREAM: …how they are?
:VitusDREAM: Oh, you know… they’re… um… well, like that, Joana.
:JourneyDREAM: …?
:VitusDREAM: …they have a very loose concept of… well, romance… and their species is rather… um… open when it comes too… you know…
:JourneyDREAM: Can’t you say without beating around the bush?
:VitusDREAM: She’s checking you out and will probably ask you to accompany her to her bed as soon as we stop talking. Happy?
:JourneyDREAM: …really? That’s a bit… err… that’s very blunt and forward…
:VitusDREAM: As I said, they don’t really have relationships like we do. But, just say no with a stern voice and she’ll leave you alone.
>>
No. 609495 ID: dbe554

Yeah I see a little heart over her head practically as she's winking, I suppose this would be one of those interesting intercultural things you could learn about...Well not the bedding but I mean how they view relationships without the addition of having been in a mixed species space and having been educated on the differences between cultures themselves. Exciting!

Also the Warp Gate really is pretty when it's in use with its burst of energy coming into use.

Also don't try and bring up anything about his reasons for sick leave.
>>
No. 609498 ID: 687279

>>609477
Well you can just tell her you're not interested in participating in inter-species sex. But be sure to ask her a bunch of weird questions about how it works!

Ask Vitus if he'd like to exchange contact information. What does he do for fun? You can hang out later.
>>
No. 609554 ID: 4c5cf2

>I’m actually an AI installer in Sol Corp.
And we're investigating a dead SAI from sol corp. We might have a useful contact here, although I'm not sure what question to ask right now.

>she's going to try to bed you
Well, thisis going to be an interesting conversation!
>>
No. 609648 ID: 825af6

Ask Vitus if he'd mind exchanging contacts with you, then if you could come over to his place to watch how he prepares the meal and maybe help him out; Maybe you could learn a thing or two about traditional Sakkil cooking this way. And tell Vitus that Cib and Susan are gonna come over to your place later to hang out and play the latest Super Smash Sentinels and it'd be great if he'd join y'all. Oh, and ask if you could try on his fez; You're thinking about getting a new hat and would like to see how you look in it.

Turn around and introduce yourself to the ovale Serpens, saying you just moved in on this level from off-station and are looking to meet and get to know your fellow residents; Basically something like what you told Vitus. Comment that you noticed that she was looking at you rather intently and making some expressions you don't know, then ask her what those mean and you'll get to the part where she rather bluntly propositions you.

Tell her that while one of the reasons you came to New Horizon was to meet other species and experience their culture and food and whatnot, you don't feel comfortable enough to share a sexual encounter with one yet. Maybe later on, but not now. That said, you would like to exchange contacts with her for if and when you do feel adventurous and curious enough to experience such you'll remember to call her. After all, a Serpens would be about the easiest choice for your first "close encounter" with an alien species.

Oh, hey, wait a sec! You actually do know somebody that would probably be interested in laying with this Serpens. Ask her how she feels about free SAIs and if she doesn't respond in a negative manner tell her about Susan.

Looking at these two for some inexplicable reason you suddenly wonder how the first meeting between members of the Serpens Creation caste and the Sakkilians went. Did they find common ground in their mutual love of engineering and got along great or did it not go nearly so well?

Hm... Is it correct to use female pronouns for ovale Serpens or is this yet another area of linguistic uncertainty? Now that you think about it, for a language that's supposed to be the common tongue in Unity space, it certainly lacks in pronouns for the genderless, hermaphrodites, and others like ovales. Kinda makes you wonder why after so long it still has such a deficiency.
>>
No. 609743 ID: 65a774
File 141797389779.png - (15.60KB , 900x450 , 37.png )
609743

>I suppose this would be one of those interesting intercultural things you could learn about...Well not the bedding but I mean how they view relationships without the addition of having been in a mixed species space and having been educated on the differences between cultures themselves.
Indeed, to learn of Serpens mating habits without it being polluted by the large culture blend here is quite an interesting topic.
>The Warp Gate really is pretty when it's in use with its burst of energy coming into use.
They are even prettier seen from space like this then they were from the surface of your home planet. To think, the ship that made those lights is now so far away your brain is incapable to even imagine the distance… and all it took was a few seconds. Technology is awesome, isn’t it?
>Looking at these two for some inexplicable reason you suddenly wonder how the first meeting between members of the Serpens Creation caste and the Sakkilians went. Did they find common ground in their mutual love of engineering and got along great or did it not go nearly so well?
While you’ve never read about the smaller details, you do know that the Serpens was the ones who had the easiest to join the Unity, what with them being the only ones who weren’t hated by someone else. That should at least leave them at a natural state when they first met, wouldn’t it?

>Hm... Is it correct to use female pronouns for ovale Serpens or is this yet another area of linguistic uncertainty?
They usually uses she, mostly because by a purely scientific standpoint that would be a female of the species, even if her tools are kind of… um… more on the male side of things.
>Now that you think about it, for a language that's supposed to be the common tongue in Unity space, it certainly lacks in pronouns for the genderless, hermaphrodites, and others like ovales. Kinda makes you wonder why after so long it still has such a deficiency.
Thinking back, you’ve read that the Unity language is a large mix-match of all the other species languages, and as they lack any real pronouns for genders beyond their own species it’s become hard to really introduce the proper words. In fact, the pronouns you used in your old language was closer to the current he / she then a whole new proper noun to be used. The only ones with three proper nouns are the Serpens, but as they don’t communicate with words normally it’s been hard to incorporate it into the Unity language.
>Oh, hey, wait a sec! You actually do know somebody that would probably be interested in laying with this Serpens.
Hmm… you should probably bring her up to Susan before you mention the S.A.I to her. Just to be safe.

>Ask if you could come over to his place to watch how he prepares the meal and maybe help him out; Maybe you could learn a thing or two about traditional Sakkil cooking this way.
:VitusDREAM: You want to watch me cook? I… um… you know… maybe it should be fun. Maybe my therapist was right… I should try to socialize more… yeah, maybe we can cook dinner sometime?
>Oh, and ask if you could try on his fez; You're thinking about getting a new hat and would like to see how you look in it.
:VitusDREAM: I… um… sure, I guess? Here?
:JourneyDREAM: Why, thank you… so, how do I look?
:VitusDREAM: Hmm… well, you do look pretty but the fez doesn’t really… um… fit you. Maybe something a bit more… lady like would be more fitting?
:JourneyDREAM: Lady like?
:VitusDREAM: You know, big rim, flowers… that sort of thing… ah, forget it, I’m no good with that sort of thing…
>What does he do for fun? You can hang out later.
:VitusDREAM: Um… well, I like to cook… and read a good book, I guess? Oh, and I used to hang out with Cib playing games… err… you’ve met Cib, right?
:JourneyDREAM: CB11? Sure.
>Ask Vitus if he'd like to exchange contact information.
:VitusDREAM: Oh, Gladly.

[New Contact Added!]
:VitusDREAM: [Vitus Mort. Male Sakkil. AI programmer. Currently depressed.]

:JourneyDREAM: Now if you’ll excuse me, I got a Serpent to take care of.
:VitusDREAM: Right, I’ll just… um... leave then. Goodbye, Joana.
:JourneyDREAM: Bye Vitus.
>>
No. 609744 ID: 65a774
File 141797391115.png - (15.47KB , 900x450 , 38.png )
609744

>Turn around and introduce yourself to the ovale Serpens, saying you just moved in on this level from off-station and are looking to meet and get to know your fellow residents; Basically something like what you told Vitus.
:JourneyDREAM: Greetings, I’m Song of the Journey, but you can call me Jo or Joana.
:ShilseDREAM: I’m Shilse, but you can scream whatever you like tonight, cutie~
:JourneyDREAM: I heard you were new here, so am I! I just moved in to apartment 8T this morning, how about you?
:ShilseDREAM: Oh, I live in apartment 34T, and you’re free to visit me whenever you like, handsome~
:JourneyDREAM: Oh, I like too! It would be nice to have someone to discuss Serpens culture with.
:ShilseDREAM: Mmm… speaking of culture… I shouldn’t help but overhear that you had a taste for exotic cooking. I have the perfect dish for you… a Serpens delicacy… Serpens egg harvested by you directly from the source, mmm?
:JourneyDREAM: …wait, you use your own eggs in cooking?
:ShilseDREAM: What? No, that’s not… I… um… I meant that you should have the honor to become the first alien incubator for little old me~
>Tell her that while one of the reasons you came to New Horizon was to meet other species and experience their culture and food and whatnot, you don't feel comfortable enough to share a sexual encounter with one yet.
:ShilseDREAM: Are you sure? You wouldn’t want to do just an itty bitty favor for me? See… my egg sack is so awfully full and-
:JourneyDREAM: I said I have to decline your offer.
:ShilseDREAM: *Sigh* Fair enough, at least you were polite about it… but if you ever change your mind you know where to find me.
:JourneyDREAM: Actually…
>That said, you would like to exchange contacts with her for if and when you do feel adventurous and curious enough to experience such you'll remember to call her.
:ShilseDREAM: Oh, of course… call me whenever you want to have some “fun”~

[Contact Added.]
:ShilseDREAM: [Shilse Xelch, Ovale Serpens, Xenophile that’s “Trying to catch them all”.]

:ShilseDREAM: …of course, you can call me if you want to talk about something else too. I’m not going to say no to a friend in this place.
>But be sure to ask her a bunch of weird questions about how it works!
:JourneyDREAM: Well, we can talk about something else right now, if that’s alright with you… in fact, I got some questions about your… um… “culture”?
:ShilseDREAM: Ask away, cutie.
:JourneyDREAM: You seems super forward and blunt… why is that?
:ShilseDREAM: …blunt? Forward? And here I thought I was taking it slow. I did hear all the non-Serpens where a bit more careful with these matters, but I didn’t think it was this bad… How subtle are you supposed to be, then?
:JourneyDREAM: Well, that depends, really… generally, you usually go on a date first… unless you’re already mates for life or just looking for-
:ShilseDREAM: Wait, date? Mate for life? I must look those… up… wait… you can’t just… ask people?
:JourneyDREAM: Generally, no.
:ShilseDREAM: …oh, by the great thinkers! I’ve been acting like a total creep, haven’t I! I… I’m just grateful they haven’t called the protectors yet!
:JourneyDREAM: Protectors? Like law enforcements? No, nobody has called us yet, so far as I know.
:ShilseDREAM: Oh sod, you’re a cop! I didn’t know- will I be arrested for this?
:JourneyDREAM: … … …no?

…You have to admit, you have no idea how to read her facial expressions, but you’re pretty sure that one is negative.
>>
No. 609748 ID: dbe554

Good lord trying to determine facial expressions on a serpens is like trying to decipher a puzzle, at least with those with two eyes and eye ridges it makes more sense! It's like her eyes are trying to do a dance with how they move.

Tell her its fine, it's not illegal to proposition just something of a cultural issue that would turn off most people except for those that are quite ready and willing as it were. You have no reason to arrest her as she hasn't broken any laws, short of trying to molest someone.

Tell her your also mostly just trying to seek knowledge mainly, you weren't trying to call her out or anything just your curious about her kind.
>>
No. 609753 ID: 4c5cf2

>wait… you can’t just… ask people?
Well, there are certain limited social situations where that kind of behavior would be more expected (the right kind of party, say).

>will I be arrested for this?
No no, some people might be made uncomfortable by being just asked, but to actually break a law you'd have to try to force yourself on someone. Or... embark on a campaign of systematically harassing someone who asked you to stop. Or offer to sell or purchase sexual services. Or make sexual advances on a child. Or preform certain sexual acts in public rather than private.
>>
No. 609759 ID: 687279

>>609744
Hmm, so she's a xenophile, huh? Ask her if she can talk in a non-sexual manner about the various issues involved with inter-species mating.
>>
No. 609770 ID: 4f004c

She's wincing and showing a worried look all at the same time! She's hurt and frightened. I think.
"It's not illegal to go asking, especially since you accept a "No" answer. We don't get called in unless somebody's refusing to accept no as an answer.
As for dates, though, it's basically when you enjoy a meal or movie together, it helps form an emotional connection. Dinner and a movie might land you in somebody's pants, too, but it's not a sure thing."
>>
No. 609771 ID: dbe554

As for some knowledge, how big is her ovipositior.
>>
No. 609772 ID: 6e79d4

>You have to admit, you have no idea how to read her facial expressions, but you’re pretty sure that one is negative.
It looks like two parts 'oh goddammit' and one part 'oh crap'.

Well it wasn't harassment because you stopped when asked, but being too forward comes off as... suspicious? Like the free cheese in a mousetrap. I don't know how it's viewed where you're from, but in most cultures there's a lot of trust involved.
>>
No. 609773 ID: 9ddf68

>will I be arrested for this?
uh lady, I'm pretty sure you're not going to be arrested for flirting with people and from what little I heard you do stop when people ask you to so I'm not seeing how you're doing anything wrong. I'm just here to enjoy the view and meet some new people, I didn't come down here to ruin anyone's day so you can relax.

How about we try this again, My name is Song of the Journey or Jo or Joana. Whatever one you prefer. I am a peace keeper who is off duty just here to see the sights.
Maybe you should just talk for a bit, I mean you seem to have a bit more experience with other races cultures then she does and you might be able to learn a good deal about her own culture. Take notes I guess is what I'm saying.
>>
No. 609784 ID: 825af6

Geez, with all those eyes it was like her face did a complicated interpretive dance number with that expression and you have no idea what it means. You need a little help here. Whisper to PAC to ask if it could tell you what her expression means; From the situation you guess it's worry crossed with embarrassment, but you really don't know. And if PAC can do that you'll have to keep in mind to ask it for help the next time you need to decipher a Serpens', or any other alien's, expression.

Reassure Shilse that she doesn't have to worry about you arresting her since she as far as you know she hasn't broken any of New Horizon's laws. It's not against the law here to be as blunt and forward as she was, though most folk here would not like to be propositioned like that. If she follows "no means no," stopping her advances as soon as they say they're not interested, and doesn't keep it up or, even worse, force herself on them, that will cover most of it. There's also no engaging in sexual acts in public spaces, nor generally the public areas of privately owned property (i.e. shops) without the consent of the owner. And there's no prostitution, which is the express intent of exchanging money, goods or services for sexual acts. ...Actually, there's a fair bit of law around sexual acts here. It might just be easier to send Shilse them to read so at least she doesn't fall afoul of the law here. Ask PAC to compile what parts of the New Horizon legal code relate to sex and sexual acts, with the major ones at the top and specifically highlighting those that Serpen newcomers most often break, and send them over to Shilse. She might also want to check if the New Horizon government or the Serpens embassy has a free text on the basics of proper social behavior while on New Horizon for Serpens newcomers she can download. That way she can read how to avoid the biggest social missteps.

From the way Shilse reacted to finding out you're a Peacekeeper it sounds like she's had some encounters with the law for what she's doing before she came to New Horizon. Ask her why she thought you might arrest her for what she's been doing and what kind of run-ins she's had with the cops before and where. Hm... Maybe her being so forward made folks mistake her for a prostitute trying to proposition them and they called the police on her for that.

If Shilse thinks her behavior here was "taking it slow" you really want to know what Serpens societal attitudes around sex are, so ask her to tell you about that, in detail. You'd guess their really free attitude about sex likely stems from the fact that children could only come about if all three of their sexes come together, meaning male-female and female-ovale couplings would have no risk of offspring and could engage freely.

Tell Shilse you're off-duty right now, so if she wants you could walk with her for a bit and help her with her social interactions; Spot and warn her if she's going too far and such. And at some point you can suggest she visit Cib's cafe, that way you can see if Susan is there.

Also mention to Shilse that there's almost certainly other xenophiles on New Horizon that'd likely be receptive to her forwardness. In fact, they probably have some kind of group or club or something to help xenophiles meet other xenophiles. She could search the station Web for something like that.

Idly wonder to yourself what a fresh raw Serpens egg would taste like, then what they'd taste like cooked, before realizing your thoughts have strayed into somewhat disturbing territory and refocus.
>>
No. 609788 ID: 65a774
File 141798521042.png - (14.99KB , 900x450 , 39.png )
609788

>It looks like two parts 'oh goddammit' and one part 'oh crap'.
Either that or she just passed a Galuh stone.
>It's like her eyes are trying to do a dance with how they move.
Not only that, but the dancer got eight legs instead of just one! You’re almost completely distracted how those things move.
>Whisper to PAC to ask if it could tell you what her expression means; From the situation you guess it's worry crossed with embarrassment, but you really don't know.
:PACDREAM: “I might have screwed myself so hard that I will need a “unpronounceable” to unscrew myself” according to the facial database. Also known as “Oh FRACK!”.

>No no, some people might be made uncomfortable by being just asked, but to actually break a law you'd have to try to force yourself on someone.
:ShilseDREAM: So… as long as I accept a no I’m fine?
:JourneyDREAM: Yes… well, as long as you don’t try to offer yourself for money… or make advances on a minor…
:ShilseDREAM: Urgh, I hope I didn’t accidently hit on a kid… but this spire isn’t supposed to be very kid friendly… hopefully they all live over in the more child adapted spires.
:JourneyDREAM: Oh, and no acts of indecency in public… that means all acts of intercourse and nudity… except if you don’t have genitals to begin with like a Uredo but you get what I mean.
:ShilseDREAM: Aw, man… not in public either!? So there aren’t even any shows to watch!?
:JourneyDREAM: …suddenly I understand why Serpens space is so popular among teenagers of the other species…
>Well, there are certain limited social situations where that kind of behavior would be more expected (the right kind of party, say).
:ShilseDREAM: Parties, you say…
:JourneyDREAM: Certain parties, yes… I believe they are called… um… orgens? Orgil? Something like that.
>Ask PAC to compile what parts of the New Horizon legal code relate to sex and sexual acts, with the major ones at the top and specifically highlighting those that Serpen newcomers most often break, and send them over to Shilse.
:ShilseDREAM: …that’s a lot of rules…
:JourneyDREAM: Well, you should also visit the Serpens embassy and ask them for help. I’m sure they got stuff to help you socially fit in.
:ShilseDREAM: I might do that, yes.
>Mention to Shilse that there's almost certainly other xenophiles on New Horizon that'd likely be receptive to her forwardness.
:ShilseDREAM: Hmm… so maybe I can find one of these Orgons parties for xenophiles? It’s worth a look.

>As for dates, though, it's basically when you enjoy a meal or movie together, it helps form an emotional connection. Dinner and a movie might land you in somebody's pants, too, but it's not a sure thing.
:ShilseDREAM: …that seems like a lot of work for just a little fun…
:JourneyDREAM: I don't know how it's viewed where you're from, but in most cultures there's a lot of trust involved.
:ShilseDREAM: Well, there’s a bit of trust involved for us too, sure… and emotional connection is also important. Doing it with friends is always better than doing it with strangers after all. What does your kind even do for stress relief?
:JourneyDREAM: I generally eat a Erthil mushroom spore. Those got a real nice calming effect.
:ShilseDREAM: …I have no idea what that even is…
>Tell her you’re also mostly just trying to seek knowledge mainly, you weren't trying to call her out or anything just you’re curious about her kind.
:ShilseDREAM: Yeah, I’ve already figured that out… you know, you’re a real friendly… um… cibic, was it?
:JourneyDREAM: Indeed, Cibic.
:ShilseDREAM: I do hope we can be friends… even if I… um… started off a bit strong?
:JourneyDREAM: Of course. Shilse.
>Ask her if she can talk in a non-sexual manner about the various issues involved with inter-species mating.
:ShilseDREAM: Well, I can give you a copy of this if you want… just let me send it over to your comm.
:JourneyDREAM: “The Unity guide to interspecies relationships.”
:ShilseDREAM: They give it to you if you check of the “Xenophile” box in the entry form. I have to admit, I should have read more about the whole “relationships” part then the fun stuff and its consequences…

>As for some knowledge, how big is her ovipositor.
… … …you can’t believe you’re even considering asking this but… damn you, curiosity!
:JourneyDREAM: So… um… I don’t know if I’m supposed to even ask this but… err… how… um… how big is your… you know…
:ShilseDREAM: Oh, my ovipositor? Well, if you want I can show you… but thanks to that whole no nudity thing in public we’ll- wait, you’re not supposed to ask about things like that either?
:JourneyDREAM: Usually, no… and I rather you just described its size, please…
:ShilseDREAM: Well, only if you describe your too. I’m kind of curios what you jelly things actually got.
:JourneyDREAM: Deal.
:ShilseDREAM: Mines is about 20cm in length and 2cm wide… until I start laying the eggs, then it’s wideness becomes about… I don’t know, 6cm? You know, kind of like an average Serpens.
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… I can’t say if that’s the normal size among species or if it’s short..
:ShilseDREAM: Short? Why, how long are yours?
:JourneyDREAM: A bit over a meter.
:ShilseDREAM: …wait, what!? Are you serious?
:JourneyDREAM: Yeah, but’s in really thin. A lot thinner then yours.
:ShilseDREAM: How do you even… I mean, you’ll pluck someone eyes out with that thing when you go erect!
:JourneyDREAM: Erect? No, we don’t… um… oh, right, most species can’t control their… err… tools, can they?
:ShilseDREAM: …control it? Wow…
:JourneyDREAM: Geez, I can’t believe we’re actually just standing here talking about dicks…
:ShilseDREAM: Ovipositor.
:JourneyDREAM: Sexual organs, then… either way, this is kind of embarrassing…
:ShilseDREAM: Personally, I think it was fun! …and now I’ve really need to bed other species just too see what treasures they are hiding!
>>
No. 609795 ID: dbe554

Knowledge is power! And apparently you've set her off on her own learning quest.

That and you've made a friend, at least so far and kept the peace, though I think so far we've managed to learn quite a bit about the various species, both inside and out, today's been really productive.
>>
No. 609797 ID: 4c5cf2

What are those blue and purple blips over on the left? Is your UI doing something, or is there something happening out in space?

>Erthil mushroom spore
MMmmm. Shrooms.
>>
No. 609800 ID: 9ddf68

I wonder how she feels about trying to bed an SAI. Oh and if you need a distraction, LOOK A PURPLE THING, LET'S LOOK AT IT AND TALK ABOUT SOMETHING OTHER THEN SEXAUL ORGANS.
>>
No. 609801 ID: 687279

Hang on, 2cm wide? That's... fairly narrow. 6cm on the other hand is pretty thick. I suppose things work differently for Serpens. A meter-long appendage thinner than 2cm would be like... a noodle. Not sure how you'd even use that.

>>609788
Oh cool, a ship. I can't tell if it's close or just big.

How long does the mating process take for Serpens?
>>
No. 609815 ID: 825af6

Oh, hey, look, a ship just pulled into view. Are you close enough that you could wave at them and they'd see? You have any idea what kind it is? And why is its hull so dark? Shouldn't it be reflecting the lights of New Horizon or is it just too far away?

Hey, don't feel so embarrassed. Shilse is more then happy to talk about such things and there's nobody else around to hear besides PAC and it doesn't care one way or another. There's far worse situations to be in where your Cibic sense of curiosity got the better of you then this one. So feel free to satisfy your curiosity more on this subject if you have the desire to.

How 'bout you get off the subject of sex organs and ask Shilse what she likes to do, if she has any hobbies, what's her job and where she's working while on New Horizon; Those last two bits weren't on her contact info.

Why do Cibics need a prehensile noodle-y penis that's more then half as long as they are tall to mate? Your sexual organs aren't buried that deep in your body, are they? Or are you measuring the length from the base of the organ in your core and not from the membrane surface where it protrudes out from?

Looks like you got some good reading material to go over later. The sections on the mechanics you're less interested in then the ones on relationships for their social and cultural information. Maybe it also describes how relationships usually work within each of the species as background info.

Oh, you could send a message to Susan about Shilse asking if she's interested; Maybe even take an image of Shilse and attach it.

You haven't taken in the art gallery on this level yet so how 'bout you suggest you two go over there and have a look to satisfy your cultural curiosity a bit more.
>>
No. 609825 ID: 6e79d4

The promiscuity makes sense when you think about it. For Serpens, the chance of anything unexpected is low without three participants.
> I believe they are called… um… orgens? Orgil? Something like that.
Might want to look that up, or not, depending who is watching your search history.
>>
No. 609894 ID: 330ce5

Does she have any hobbies other than trying to get laid? Also I bet your kind of hungry, you should go get something to eat.
>>
No. 609925 ID: 825af6

Continue the tactile trend you started with Susan and ask Shilse if you could feel her arm to see what Serpens skin is like, and in exchange offering the same of you for her.

Now that you're on a space station have you considered getting space suit training and certification so you could go outside and get an even purer SPACE experience? Or going even further and getting a small spacecraft pilot's license?
>>
No. 609989 ID: 65a774
File 141804141986.png - (28.62KB , 900x450 , 40.png )
609989

>Idly wonder to yourself what a fresh raw Serpens egg would taste like, then what they'd taste like cooked, before realizing your thoughts have strayed into somewhat disturbing territory and refocus.
…your mind can’t help put slip into the thought about how oral stimulation for a Serpens would work… especially the release part…
>I bet your kind of hungry, you should go get something to eat.
You just drank a Serpent Plankton soup, so you’re fine. Besides, there are just a few hours before its dinner time.
>Knowledge is power!
Power equals energy and energy equals mass, thus proving why libraries are so heavy. Flawless logic!
>I think so far we've managed to learn quite a bit about the various species, both inside and out, today's been really productive.
While you’ve learned a lot of theory, you still need some firsthand experience… not that kind of experience, geez!

>How long does the mating process take for Serpens?
Now that you got a handy guide you can look it up without embarrassing yourself. Let’s see… normally about 20min to an hour. Generally, the mating process is faster if they are only two partners, be it male/female, ovale/female or male/ovale, all three which seems be rather common.
>Hang on, 2cm wide? That's... fairly narrow. 6cm on the other hand is pretty thick. I suppose things work differently for Serpens.
Let’s see what the book says… it’s possible she was just eyeballing it and the book will have some more accurate numbers… Hmm… oh, the book even has a handy chart for all the species! Neat! Let’s see, average length from longest to shortest: Cibic: 110cm, Serpens (Ovale): 19cm, Serpens (Male): 16cm, Human: 14cm, Hiver: 13.5cm, Sakkil: 13cm. Note: (Cibic length measured from the Nic body and not when exiting the Cin body).
Then we have the diameter, from the thickest: Hiver: 5.2cm, Sakkil: 4.1cm, Human: 3.8cm, Serpens (Male): 3.2cm, Serpens (Ovale): 2.8, Cibic: 1.5cm. Note: (Ovale Serpens thickness increases to about 4.5 – 5.5cm around an existing egg, depending on the size of the egg.).
…well, then… everything you ever needed to know about dicks…
>Why do Cibics need a prehensile noodle-y penis that's more than half as long as they are tall to mate?
While it’s easy to forget even for you, but you have to remember that you’re not actually the Cin amoeba creature, but the Nic insect inside it located at the end of its spine, thus it’s actually about three times your size. The length evolved because of the way your mating works, as it must not only be long enough to reach outside your own host body, but into the host body of your partner. This, coupled with the large Cin piles your kind mated in more primal times, ensured that the Nic’s with longer and more prehensile tools was the ones who got their genes passed on.
>The promiscuity makes sense when you think about it. For Serpens, the chance of anything unexpected is low without three participants.
Hmm… that can be a reason, yes… you also know they had a rather well evolved and complex medical science even before joining the unity, so it’s possible they’ve haven’t had problems with those kind of diseases that should hamper such activity for a long time.
>Now that you're on a space station have you considered getting space suit training and certification so you could go outside and get an even purer SPACE experience?
Of course! But it’s a bit over your budget at the moment. You’ll need to at least start getting regular paychecks before you sign off for a proper spacewalk.
>Or going even further and getting a small spacecraft pilot's license?
You actually choose the space pilot academy as your first choice when looking for further education, but sadly your grades wasn’t good enough. Apparently, being a pilot is very popular nowadays.
>Oh, you could send a message to Susan about Shilse asking if she's interested; Maybe even take an image of Shilse and attach it.
:PACDREAM: Message sent!

>From the way Shilse reacted to finding out you're a Peacekeeper it sounds like she's had some encounters with the law for what she's doing before she came to New Horizon. Ask her why she thought you might arrest her for what she's been doing and what kind of run-ins she's had with the cops before and where.
:ShilseDREAM: Cops? Um… I’ve never been arrested, if that’s what you’re asking. It’s just, I’ve heard you’re rather hard on crime out here.
:JourneyDREAM: We are? I can’t say we are, really… mostly because there are so few crimes here.
:ShilseDREAM: …well, I’ve heard you have so few crimes because you make criminals disappear! Just like that!
:JourneyDREAM: I’m pretty sure we don’t do that. In fact, I’m pretty sure the mantises would come down on us like a hammer if we so much looked at a bribe funny.
>Does she have any hobbies other than trying to get laid?
:ShilseDREAM: Well, I like to paint... and… um… this might sound a bit nerdy, but I love that human game… what’s it called… Q&Q?
:JourneyDREAM: Never heard of it.
>what's her job and where she's working while on New Horizon.
:ShilseDREAM: I’m an Uredo horticulturist… you know, a Uredo seeder. It’s kind of like being a gardener or farmer, but with things that becomes… well, people.
:JourneyDREAM: Ah, yes, I know how the Uredo reproduce… I have to say, personally I’m a little weirded out how… callous they can be of their own young.
:ShilseDREAM: Well, in their eyes they are just plants until they’ve fully grown…
:JourneyDREAM: And not knowing… or even caring who your parents are…
:ShilseDREAM: I can’t say I’ll agree on that. I mean, I don’t know who my parents are, like most Serpens.
:JourneyDREAM: You don’t… oh, right, don’t your kind just… leave their young?
:ShilseDREAM: We leave them with trained professionals who’ll raise them. Why let someone without any experience raise it that has more important work to do when you can let someone with training do it?
:JourneyDREAM: …sorry to say this, but you guys are weird.
:ShilseDREAM: You’re the one to talk, Ms. “actually two feral animals combined”….

>Continue the tactile trend you started with Susan and ask Shilse if you could feel her arm to see what Serpens skin is like, and in exchange offering the same of you for her.
:ShilseDREAM: Heh, you’re all gooey… kind of nice… can I… um… stick my hand inside you?
:JourneyDREAM: I would recommend not to, as I’m made out of acid. Hmm… you’re all bumpy…
:ShilseDREAM: Yeah, that’s the pores that absorb nutrients for us. Got them over my whole body… almost.
>I wonder how she feels about trying to bed an SAI.
:ShilseDREAM: A SAI? …hmm… it would be kind of interesting… if it looked alien enough… or maybe even robotic. As long as it’s exotic, see…

>Oh and if you need a distraction, LOOK A PURPLE THING, LET'S LOOK AT IT AND TALK ABOUT SOMETHING OTHER THEN SEXAUL ORGANS.
:JourneyDREAM: Oh, look! A ship is going by!
:ShilseDREAM: Oh, it’s beautiful!
:JourneyDREAM: You have any idea what kind it is?
:ShilseDREAM: Going by its size, I’m going to guess some kind of freighter… I’m guessing it came with stuff for the anniversary.
>Tell Shilse you're off-duty right now, so if she wants you could walk with her for a bit and help her with her social interactions; Spot and warn her if she's going too far and such.
:ShilseDREAM: Well… I’d love to hang out, but I don’t know if I want you hanging over my shoulder, judging me…
:JourneyDREAM: Then let’s hang out!

>You haven't taken in the art gallery on this level yet so how 'bout you suggest you two go over there and have a look to satisfy your cultural curiosity a bit more.
:ShilseDREAM: Oh, I’ve totally missed that we had an art gallery here. Look, they even have a personal crafting area! I have to come here and paint sometime!
>>
No. 609992 ID: dbe554

I spy with my little eye some Sakkil Gears and Human paintings, what is it with them and Gears anyways.

I'm actually surprised they have a personal art creation area, is this typical from what you know or what do they do with whats left?
>>
No. 609998 ID: dbe554

..Actually if you go down on an Ovale, are you expected to spit? I mean with the egg and...Damnit thoughts.
>>
No. 610003 ID: 9ddf68

so what's with the computer? is that an art piece as well or does that just let you learn the history behind each piece, or something else?
>>
No. 610022 ID: 4f004c

>but I love that human game… what’s it called… Q&Q?
I would have thought the Serpens would have discovered it with Civilization 14, but maybe the incident left some sort of coverup. We'll figure out once we get further in the RUNE saga!
>I have to come here and paint sometime!
Man, we're just making friends with similarities all over the place.
>>
No. 610039 ID: 65a774
File 141806561669.png - (29.13KB , 900x450 , 41.png )
610039

>…Actually if you go down on an Ovale, are you expected to spit? I mean with the egg and...Dammit thoughts.
Considering they don’t have any mouths themselves they probably don’t have any expectations… but… hmm… I’m pretty sure it would be hard for most species to swallow a few eggs just like that… but you’re made out of mouths, technically, so… err… you know what, let’s leave the gutter and enjoy some fine art instead.
>I'm actually surprised they have a personal art creation area, is this typical from what you know or what do they do with whats left?
Well, Cib and that lawyer Hiver mentioned that all the galleries on station got some kind of gallery filled with local art, if I’m remembering correctly. I’m guessing they want to encourage culture as best they can.

>I spy with my little eye some Sakkil Gears and Human paintings, what is it with them and Gears anyways.
:ShilseDREAM: Oh, a nice, old human painting. “Copy of the human ‘CSJL Gothic (tm) (c)’, which according to the original description found in the ruins on earth depicts ‘Two god faring true CSJL Americans who loves god above all else and will only buy CSJL Corp products or burn forever in damnation (Copyrighted by CSJL Corp. Looking at this painting without paying will result in immediate execution by CSJL Anti-Terrorist agents!)’” …wait, what’s CSJL?
:JourneyDREAM: …something tells that’s not the original name or description. Hmm… and what are these cogs? “Copy of the famous Sakkil sculpture ‘The smallest spin for the biggest’” …apparently it’s a large cog made out of smaller cogs that are made out of smaller cogs which are… um… repeat that three times more. Those are some small cogs…
:ShilseDREAM: Geez, those Sakkil sure loves their cogs…
:JourneyDREAM: Tell me about it…

>what's with the computer? Is that an art piece as well or does that just let you learn the history behind each piece, or something else?
:ShilseDREAM: Hmm… what kind of art piece is this? Seems rather complex and-
:JourneyDREAM: That’s the receptionists desk.
:ShilseDREAM: Oh.
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… the receptionist doesn’t seem to be here right now, though. At least the terminal is active… let’s see… mostly just information about the gallery as a whole on it…

:KashaDREAM: Ah! Visitors! How nice! I’m K’shk’chh’chk, the curator of this gallery, but you can call me Kasha. So, how can I help you? Are you here for the art class or do you wish to browse our art pieces? Maybe we can interest you two a locale piece? They are rather cheap, all things considered.
:ShilseDREAM: Psst… why is there a dead rat on her head? …and what’s up with her face!?
>>
No. 610040 ID: 687279

>>610039
Ohhhhh my god don't laugh. Whisper to Shilse that she's trying to look human.

Go say hi. Describe the victim and ask if she's seen them. Maybe they made some local art? In that case you should check the local pieces. Go look at the local pieces regardless, and honestly I don't expect her to have seen the victim anyway.
>>
No. 610061 ID: 6e79d4

>(Copyrighted by CSJL Corp. Looking at this painting without paying will result in immediate execution by CSJL Anti-Terrorist agents!)
So that's why freedomland is absent from the conciliation.

>why is there a dead rat on her head? …and what’s up with her face!?
It's a wig and makeup, or body mods. I'm more concerned with what kind of shoes she is wearing. Are those roller skates? Anyway, say you're not interested in buying until you get your first paycheck, but a tour would be nice. By the way, has anyone by the name of of Tr’ak’kq’urk been here?
>>
No. 610068 ID: dbe554

Actually she might be trying to go for an an ancient human style look, known as the "Geisha", though its hard to tell..
>>
No. 610121 ID: 9ddf68

>Psst… why is there a dead rat on her head? …and what’s up with her face!?
think it's a wig or some kind of implant, Maybe makeup on the face, not sure just don't stair and try not to ask if you can help it.

>So, how can I help you?
Just browsing for now, both of us are new and seeing what's around. Although quick question about the art class, how often do you do have them, would I have to bring my own supplies, and do I have to pay an admission fee? Might be something to try down the line if you find some free time on your hands.
>>
No. 610136 ID: 330ce5

What is so great about having hair? But to each their own I guess, time to talk about and look at more art!
>>
No. 610177 ID: 825af6

Wow, with that platform footwear on Kasha towers over you even more then the Captain did, although this tower has a disconcertingly white coat of paint and what resembles the pelt of a very hairy animal on top. ...Whether this is more or less intimidating, you can't decide.

It'd be impolite to lean over and whisper back to Shilse right now, so be discreet in your response and send her a comm message instead. Message her you think that Kasha's wearing a human hair prosthetic and that her face is painted; For what reason, you have no idea. You're just going to ask her what's up with that getup instead of speculating.

While doing that introduce yourself to Kasha similar to how you've done before; You're a newcomer to New Horizon, just moved into this level, and that a big reason you chose to come to NHOS was so you could meet aliens and expose yourself to their various cultures. That's why you're here to see the art exhibits. Then step aside to give Shilse an opening to introduce herself to Kasha.

Tell Kasha that you're rather curious about what she's wearing and why; Especially that hair. What culture or cultures did it come from and did she come up with some of it herself? And you're also wondering why she chose change her eyes to that color.

Ask Kasha if she could tell you two a bit more of the history of that human painting 'cause the description on it is multiple layers of "wat" to you. Looking at the painting itself you figure that that wasn't its original name or description, so what's up with that?

While you're here you may as well ask Kasha a couple questions for your case on the outside chance the "ART" the K55P wrote in its oil was for this place. Tell her that you have some questions in relation to a case you're working, then ask her if a male Hiver by the name of... There's no way you're going to pronounce that right. Ask Kasha to exchange contacts so you can message her his name. Now, did a male Hiver by that name come into, have business or any other contact with this gallery in the last week? And in this same period did a paperless SAI SolCorp K55P 'bot have any contact at all with this gallery. It's a human form 'bot if that helps her remember and you can provide its serial number if she needs to compare to her records.

Have a look at the exhibits alongside Shilse. Pay special attention to the local art ones, especially the ones that came in in the last week; Maybe one will stand out as possibly being connected to your case. And also see if Cib has any of his work on display here.

Oh, and did you forget about your helmet and leave it back at the Observation Deck? Hope you stashed it in the security checkpoint locker if you did 'cause otherwise you're going to have to run back and collect it.
>>
No. 610223 ID: 65a774
File 141812524675.png - (29.32KB , 900x450 , 42.png )
610223

>Ohhhhh my god don't laugh.
Must… resist… laughing… and… or… screaming… in… fear…
>Oh, and did you forget about your helmet and leave it back at the Observation Deck?
Oh, right, the helmet. It’s still locked up in the security locker at the observatory.
>What is so great about having hair?
That is a question of the ages isn’t it? You’re pretty sure those things just itch and would be in the way.
>I'm more concerned with what kind of shoes she is wearing.
You believe they are some kind of platform shoes with steel dubs under them. It almost looks like she’s taken a piece of wood, tied it to her feet and glued two steel pieces under them.

>Message Shilse that you think that Kasha's wearing a human hair prosthetic and that her face is painted; For what reason, you have no idea.
:ShilseDREAM: (She just looks… weird… and… exotic… hmm… and she does have a damn fine… maybe I should talk to her alone later…)
>Introduce yourself to Kasha similar to how you've done before; You're a newcomer to New Horizon, just moved into this level, and that a big reason you chose to come to NHOS was so you could meet aliens and expose yourself to their various cultures.
:KashaDREAM: If you wish to experience new cultures then you’ve come to the right place. New Horizon, being in the smack middle of the Unity space and right next to the main gate connection leading to all the other species sectors, is a one of the most cultural diverse places in the galaxy.
>Tell Kasha that you're rather curious about what she's wearing and why; Especially that hair.
:KashaDREAM: Why, Ms. Journey, it’s a “Gesh” mask. The originally design came from an old Human country called Jalapeno and was saved when their old home world was abandoned. The Sakkil would later take the design and work on it to create this frightful visage to show how humans were scaleless beasts under the first contact war, thus creating the “Gesh” design. Of course, this one has been changed a bit to be able to be worn by a Hiver. It’s quite pretty, don’t you think?
:JourneyDREAM: It’s… …interesting…

>Ask Kasha if she could tell you two a bit more of the history of that human painting 'cause the description on it is multiple layers of "wat" to you.
:KashaDREAM: Ah, yes, the Gothic. To be honest, its original origin was lost under the great calamity times of the humans and we have yet been able to determine what exactly it’s supposed to represent. What we have found is that it seems to show two primitive humans wielding weapons, standing in front of some kind of sacrificing alter.
:ShilseDREAM: And those… “CSJL” and executions in the description?
:KashaDREAM: I’m no history buff but… let’s see… If I remember correctly the great Calamity started when several volcanos that had been deemed dead reawaken and starting spewing toxics everywhere. One of them smack middle of one of the great nations at the time, ensuring it would break up into smaller nations thanks to all the chaos. One of those nations was the “CSJL”, which we believe stand for “Christian State of Jebus Land”… We don’t know who this Christian was but we’ve found several idols depicting this Jebus scattered around the earth ruins. The current theory is that he was some kind of pagan god who delivered presents to small children once a year, but we’re not sure. As you hear, most of the history before and under Earth Calamity has sadly been lost so we only got a lot of guesswork.

>By the way, has anyone by the name of Tr’ak’kq’urk been here?
:JourneyDREAM: -by the name of Trak- …Tr’s- …Trakg- …Trrrk-… PAC…
:PACDREAM: Tr’ak’kq’urk.
:JourneyDREAM: That name.
:KashaDREAM: …Hmm… I can’t say I’ve ever heard that name before, sorry.
>And in this same period did a paperless SAI SolCorp K55P 'bot have any contact at all with this gallery?
:KashaDREAM: There’s only ever been two S.A.I here so far as I know. Cib and Susan, “brother and sister” who lives on this floor. In fact, one of them, Cib, is here right now in the art creation room.

>Quick question about the art class, how often do you do have them, would I have to bring my own supplies, and do I have to pay an admission fee?
:KashaDREAM: We have them every day in the second cycle, they are free and we’re giving away everything basic… and it’s less of an art class as it’s a place to make art. Of course, if you want to learn I’m happy to teach.

:SusanDREAM: [Message received!]: (Hey, Jo! This Shisle seems kind of nice. Is she looking for a relationship? You know, romance and dates, that kind of stuff.)
:ShilseDREAM: [Message received!]: (Um… you said I was a bit forward, right? If I wanted to… say, have a shoot with Kasha here how do you suggest I approach the subject?)
>>
No. 610240 ID: dbe554

To Susan: Actually it seems more like she wants a fling, willing to be friends and all but nothing romantically involved.

To Shilse: Don't go up straight to her with pickup lines, act casual around her, be friendly in a manner befitting a friend, and compliment her as well.
>>
No. 610258 ID: 9ddf68

well thank Kasha for helping you out and maybe go see how CIB is doing since your here.

>Hey, Jo! This Shisle seems kind of nice. Is she looking for a relationship? You know, romance and dates, that kind of stuff.
not to sure how big she is on dates or being in an actual relationship but she's new here and probably wouldn't mind making another friend. If you're free and want to met up we're at the art museum where you're brother goes to draw things.

>Um… you said I was a bit forward, right? If I wanted to… say, have a shoot with Kasha here how do you suggest I approach the subject?
Start off with a non sexual subject that you think she'd enjoy and that doesn't bore you or you have some knowledge about. If you think she's having fun around you maybe ask her if she'd be interested in trying to have a night of fun with another species. If so offer her a chance with yourself and see if she takes it. without knowing here better can't really say what her likes and dislikes are.
>>
No. 610303 ID: 825af6

Reply to Susan: Considering she was acting nearly like a Serpens sexuality stereotype when I met her, her contact info said she's a xenophile who came here to "try and catch 'em all" and she didn't know what dating is or even the beginnings of the concept of romantic relationships before I told her of them, I'm 99.99999% sure she's not in the market for that; Maybe she will be when she learns more about xeno culture, but not now. Or am I misreading your intent and you're just looking to get laid? In that case you should know that she's looking for the "exotic," as in not Serpens shaped; I even brought up SAIs and it sounded like she'd be interested in one if they either had an alien body or one more like Cib's. But either way that doesn't preclude trying to make friends with her, does it? If you want to meet her we're in the level T art gallery right now. ...Hey, how funny would Cib's reaction be if she came on to it?

Reply to Shilse: Um... Despite knowing more then you I don't actually have much experience with this kind of thing. I'll give you my best suggestions but you really should read your guidebook about this later. Okay, first off, no bringing up sex between you until you know each other better. After all, you don't even know if she's into Serpens ovales or if she's dating another right now or has a mate already or anything else that'd mean she wouldn't want to get with you. So the best advice I can give is to start out like you would if you were interested in her as a possible friend but didn't want to have sex with her. You both have a common interest in painting and art, so you already have something in common you can build on, and she said she'd be happy to teach you so I think taking advantage of that offer would be a great in for you here.

Tell Kasha you aren't looking to use the art creation space right now but you might later on. However, Shilse here told you she likes to paint so she's probably interested in it. Isn't that right, Shilse? Oh, and you kinda want to see what Cib is working on so you may as well take a look at what the creation space has to offer while you're here.
>>
No. 610440 ID: ea0ad9

>(Hey, Jo! This Shisle seems kind of nice. Is she looking for a relationship? You know, romance and dates, that kind of stuff.)
[Return message: Well, she initially seemed to be interested in taking things quick, but I guess that was just because nobody told her she was doing so. She wants to learn more about how dates work, but doesn't seem to be interested in a stable one. Maybe good for a double date, though?]
>Um… you said I was a bit forward, right? If I wanted to… say, have a shoot with Kasha here how do you suggest I approach the subject?
[Return message: I'm not actually too familiar on how Mantis romance works. They're big on honesty, but also like to be thorough in their, uh, precedings? I guess they would be more interested in a well constructed date, though I hear their females take charge. Asking her about the museum, then some places to eat might be good; if she seems especially fond of any piece of art, or any eatery, try asking to join her there!]
>be friendly in a manner befitting a friend, and compliment her as well.
This is certianly important.
[Continue message (Shilse): A lot of people enjoy even having a friendship, so if you present yourself half as a friend, and half as somebody interested in her, personally, then even if things don't work out, you'll at least have made another friend, and that's sure to help in finding somebody interested in a relationship!]
>thank Kasha for helping you out and maybe go see how CIB is doing since your here.
Let's be sure to excuse ourselves! Shilse might feel more comfortable with us here to help, but she also said earlier she didn't want us looking over her shoulder.
If we do leave to chat with Cib, [Message Shilse: Good luck!]
>Or am I misreading your intent and you're just looking to get laid?
What? No! Do NOT send this! This is a horrible idea!
Since that changes a good portion of the message, allow me to revise: [Message Susan: Considering she was acting nearly like a Serpens sexuality stereotype when I met her, her contact info said she's a xenophile who came here to "try and catch 'em all" and she didn't know what dating is or even the beginnings of the concept of romantic relationships before I told her of them, I'm very certain she's not in the market for that; Maybe she will be when she learns more about xeno culture, but not now. She's looking for the "exotic," as in something entirely new; I even brought up SAIs and it sounded like she'd be interested in one if they either had an alien body or one more like Cib's, so I'm not really sure if "Serpens SAI" counts. But either way that doesn't preclude trying to make friends with her, does it? If you want to meet her we're in the level T art gallery right now. ...Hey, how funny would Cib's reaction be if she came on to it?]
(Very slight revision, given that all of the green is what you wrote anyways)
>Shilse here told you she likes to paint so she's probably interested in it. Isn't that right, Shilse?
This would be a great icebreaker for her, so yes, say something along these lines before excusing ourselves.
>>
No. 610454 ID: 65a774
File 141822027867.png - (17.17KB , 900x450 , 43.png )
610454

>To Susan: Well, she initially seemed to be interested in taking things quick, but I guess that was just because nobody told her she was doing so. She wants to learn more about how dates work, but doesn't seem to be interested in a stable one.
:SusanDREAM: [Aw, man… most of the Serpens are like that, aren’t they? All I want is a nice romantic relationship… you know, candle lit dinners, picnics under the stars, travel the world together forever… you know, like in the BTL’s. Is that too much to ask?]
:JourneyDREAM: […you’ve learned everything about romance from BTLs?]
:SusanDREAM: [And books, movies, games…]
:JourneyDREAM: […You’re setting yourself up for disappointment, girlfriend. Reality is a bit different, trust me, I know.]
:SusanDREAM: [Bah, you sound just like brother, all pessimistic and grumpy.]
>You should know that she's looking for the "exotic," as in not Serpens shaped; I even brought up SAIs and it sounded like she'd be interested in one if they either had an alien body or one more like Cib's.
:SusanDREAM: [Then why are you even asking me? I’m not exotic in her eyes… and I’m not looking for someone who loves aliens, I want a Serpens who loves Serpens… well, mechanical ones…]
>But she's new here and probably wouldn't mind making another friend.
:SusanDREAM: [You can never have enough friends and it sounds like she need someone to help her fit in a bit, doesn’t it?]
>If you're free and want to meet up we're at the art museum where you're brother goes to draw things.
:SusanDREAM: [Hmm… I don’t know… I was thinking maybe I-]
>...Hey, how funny would Cib's reaction be if she came on to it?
:SusanDREAM: […that… that would be hilarious! We so have to tell her to do that! I’ll be right there!]

>To Shilse: Don't go up straight to her with pickup lines, act casual around her, be friendly in a manner befitting a friend, and compliment her as well.
:ShilseDREAM: [Act casual, like a friend and compliment her…]
>The best advice I can give is to start out like you would if you were interested in her as a possible friend but didn't want to have sex with her.
:ShilseDREAM: […wait, is that even possible?]
>A lot of people enjoy even having a friendship, so if you present yourself half as a friend, and half as somebody interested in her, personally, then even if things don't work out, you'll at least have made another friend, and that's sure to help in finding somebody interested in a relationship!
:ShilseDREAM: [So… hint that I kind of want her in bed? Err… right…]
>You both have a common interest in painting and art, so you already have something in common you can build on, and she said she'd be happy to teach you so I think taking advantage of that offer would be a great in for you here.
:ShilseDREAM: [Oh, right, painting! I’m sure she would like if we talked about art!]

>Thank Kasha for helping you out.
:KashaDREAM: I’m just doing my job, Miss.
>You kind of want to see what Cib is working on so you may as well take a look at what the creation space has to offer while you're here.
:KashaDREAM: Oh, you know Cib? Well, he and Shui have been working on that project of theirs for some time now. They are in one of the private rooms… number 4, I believe. But here we go, the creativity room. Please refrain from disturbing the other guests unless it’s someone you know personally. People get rather cranky when you disturb their creative thought. Oh, and a fair warning, there might be some nudity at times here depending on who we have as a model.
:ShilseDREAM: Oh, modeling… say, Kasha, have you ever been a model here? You really have the looks for it you know.
:KashaDREAM: I simply don’t have the time, sadly, but thank you either way. …and I don’t know if I should ever have the courage to show of my naked body for so many people.
:ShilseDREAM: You should always show of those clothes instead. They are rather interesting in themselves. I’m guessing they have some kind of cultural significance?
:KashaDREAM: Oh, the clothes!? Glad you asked, dear, they are-
:JourneyDREAM: *Cough* You have to excuse me but I need to go say hi to Cib. Oh, Shilse here told you she likes to paint so she's probably interested in it. Isn't that right, Shilse?
:KashaDREAM: Really? Oh, that’s interesting! Most Serpens are rather… artistically stunted, so it’s so nice to see someone trying to learn the arts.
:ShilseDREAM: Err… yeah…
:KashaDREAM: Well, if you ever need any help with any tools, techniques or motives, just ask away, I’m here to help.
:ShilseDREAM: Well, you can start by finish explaining about your clothes… their design is rather interesting…
>>
No. 610455 ID: 65a774
File 141822031043.png - (21.60KB , 900x450 , 44.png )
610455

:ShuiDREAM: -but if we place a pair of exhaust ports here we can increase its power out-
:CB11DREAM: I’ve already told you no! It would look way out of place.
:ShuiDREAM: But, the power output-
:CB11DREAM: First off, we don’t even have any power! Second, it’s supposed to look nice and not actually function.
:ShuiDREAM: But-
:CB11DREAM: Geez, you Serpens and total lack of any artistic creativity. It’s supposed to be art, not something functional.
:ShuiDREAM: Why did we make all the joints movable then?
:CB11DREAM: Because that was your idea and I know how much you love doing stuff like that. Besides, it’s going to help me make this thing more… artsy later. Now shut up and help me weld this piece of junk.
>>
No. 610465 ID: dbe554

Oooh that looks like sort of heavy metal robot, the spikes up top, large monitor face, gear arms with tread base. Investigate, also say hello to Cib.
>>
No. 610472 ID: ea0ad9

Is Shui trying to get them into a new body or something? Why else would he want it functional...?
>>
No. 610479 ID: 9ddf68

Hey Cib, hope I'm not interrupting anything. When you told me you did art I kinda assumed that you did drawings or paints, didn't really think of sculptures though.
>>
No. 610481 ID: 65a774
File 141823920988.png - (21.72KB , 900x450 , 45.png )
610481

:JourneyDREAM: Hey Cib, hope I'm not interrupting anything.
:CB11DREAM: Jo? What are you doing here?
:ShuiDREAM: Who? Oh, is this the Cibic you told me about?
:CB11DREAM: Yeah, this is the new tenant, Song of the Journey.
:ShuiDREAM: Then let me introduce myself. I’m Shui Virina and I’m have to say I’m delighted to make your acquaintance, Journey.
:JourneyDREAM: Please, call me Jo or Joana. …and it’s nice to meet you too, Shui.
:ShuiDREAM: Well then, Joana, welcome to New Horizon. I hope you will have a pleasant stay here.
:JourneyDREAM: So Cib… this is a…
:ShuiDREAM: Hey, I just realized… your name, Cib, is the first part of Joana’s species name, Cibic… neat, huh? The only difference is that Cib got a k sound and Cibic got a sh sound in the beginning…
:CB11DREAM: Shut up, Shui.

:JourneyDREAM: When you told me you did art I kinda assumed that you did drawings or paints, didn't really think of sculptures though… or whatever that thing is?
:ShuiDREAM: It’s a robot.
:CB11DREAM: It’s a statue made of metal and wires, that’s what it is.
:JourneyDREAM: It looks like sort of heavy metal robot, the spikes up top, large monitor face, gear arms with tread base.
:CB11DREAM: Heavy metal? It’s supposed to be a king! See, the crown? I guess I haven’t painted it gold yet and I still haven’t put on the actual visual shell yet but-
:ShuiDREAM: Cib keeps saying it’s some kind of metaphor, but I don’t really get it.
:CB11DREAM: See, it will be a robot king made out of junk! Actual junk! It’s all artsy and stuff, you’ll see.

:JourneyDREAM: Why does Shui want it functional?
:CB11DREAM: It’s because, like most Serpens, he’s creatively sterile.
:ShuiDREAM: Hey! I can be creative!
:CB11DREAM: …Cultural sterile then. While they are super smart and stuff they are quite laughable when it comes to applying their knowledge and thinking outside the box.
:ShuiDREAM: Our culture is just a bit… compact.
:CB11DREAM: Did you know they invented interstellar travel before the fracking microwave because none of them had the bright idea that you can cook stuff with something that is warm?
:ShuiDREAM: Hey, that’s not…well, it’s true but… um…
:JourneyDREAM: Cib, stop teasing Shui for his lack of… whatever they lack.
:CB11DREAM: Well, he wants it functional because all he sees is a robot and not the art I’m doing.
:JourneyDREAM: To be fair, I’ve got a hard time not seeing it as a robot.
:CB11DREAM: A visualization of our current addiction to commercialization, with our life being govern by earning shiny trinkets so we can buy junk, just so we can be some kind of “King of the Junk” among those we know. You know, it’s all deep and meaningful and stuff… err… right? Right!?
>>
No. 610482 ID: dbe554

Well it's not like we are really deep into art to begin with, I mean we understand it a bit after you've explained it a "King of Junk" sort of thought process, whereupon a king of nothing but the junk that surrounds him, entrapped within the being of self-delusion that he's more then he is, but the reality is he's just entrapped by his own belongings, and thus the only thing he lords over is the materials he has with him.
>>
No. 610487 ID: 687279

Hmm... it doesn't look junky enough. It should look like all its parts are non-functional, even if it can move. Like, those cogs still have all their spokes, the monitor still works... the treads are in good condition... Is this really junk?
>>
No. 610494 ID: 9ddf68

well it isn't finished yet so I can't really give it a true critique. But it's coming along nicely from what I can see. And since we're on the subject of your work what else have you made in the past or is this your first project?
>>
No. 610502 ID: 65a774
File 141824698487.png - (21.22KB , 900x450 , 46.png )
610502

:JourneyDREAM: Sorry, Cib, but I can’t really give a lot of critique until it’s finished.
:CB11DREAM: You’re right, without the right touches it simply won’t give off the message I want too.
:JourneyDREAM: So far it seems to be coming along nicely, though. Of course, I’ve never really been that deep into art to begin with so…
:ShuiDREAM: I’ve never understand most of this art stuff either…
:JourneyDREAM: …So, if I understood it correctly, he’s a king of nothing but the junk that surrounds him, entrapped within the being of self-delusion that he's more than he is, but the reality is he's just entrapped by his own belongings, and thus the only thing he lords over is the materials he has with him.
:CB11DREAM: YES! EXACLY! That was exactly what I was-
:JourneyDREAM: That was exactly what you said a moment ago, you know…
:CB11DREAM: Oh, right… still, it’s progress! Now, I just need to make it a bit more clearer…

:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… maybe make it look a bit… junkier? It should look like all its parts are non-functional, even if it can move. Like, those cogs still have all their spokes…
:CB11DREAM: I was going to paint them like they were rusty after I put the outer shell on, but… hmm... yeah, removing some of the spokes would work.
:JourneyDREAM: And the screen still works.
:CB11DREAM: It’s showing a blue screen of death. What more do you want from it?
:JourneyDREAM: Maybe put a crack in it? …and those thread looks way to nice.
:CB11DREAM: They won’t be visible. The outer shell, his so called “royal” mantle will be covering it.
:JourneyDREAM: Is all that really junk?
:CB11DREAM: Indeed! Can you believe the stuff people throw away, huh? You can get stuff like this for free down at the great recycler if you’re fast enough.

:JourneyDREAM: So, while we’re on the subject of your works, have you done anything else interesting?
:CB11DREAM: Well, I do have a painting / sculpture hybrid I did hanging in the gallery of local art. I’m not super happy with it myself but Kasha insisted. She really liked it… of course, she would like anything if you called it art.
:ShuiDREAM: She’s an expert on art, I think she would see the different if it was art or not.
:CB11DREAM: Oh, please, you should probably make her do anything if you told it was for some kind of art form.
:ShuiDREAM: She’s eccentric, I give you that, but she isn’t that eccentric. I’m pretty sure she won’t strip naked if you say you wanted to paint here nude…
:CB11DREAM: She would probably do all kind of freaky organic stuff if you told her it was art of some kind. Just grab a camera, some weird costumes and bam! She’s in the bed with you.
:ShuiDREAM: She’s not that crazy, Cib.
:CB11DREAM: …probably not, yeah… but she is eccentric about art, that’s for sure.

:PACDREAM: You just got a message from Sol Corp, Joana. They want to meet you somewhere… “private” within the next two hours if you can.
:JourneyDREAM: Wait, what do you mean “private”.
:PACDREAM: Somewhere were there aren’t any people, like in your apartment. They said they wanted to talk to you alone, away from the watching eyes of the populace.
:JourneyDREAM: …err…
>>
No. 610503 ID: 6e79d4

>Hey! I can be creative!
How many uses can you think of for a paperclip?

>I just need to make it a bit more clear…
Yeah, a king might be associated with power rather than popularity, meaning the people selling the junk rather than buying it. I'm not sure how to avoid that, though.

>Somewhere were there aren’t any people, like in your apartment. They said they wanted to talk to you alone, away from the watching eyes of the populace.
haha fuck that. Tell everyone you know where you're going, and at least four news/government agencies.
>>
No. 610505 ID: 687279

>>610502
Sure, meet them in private, but tell someone about the meeting just in case. They didn't say it should be a secret meeting, just a private one. This isn't actually that worrying. If they told you to keep it secret, that'd be worrying.

Also get your helmet back. You might need it again soon.
>>
No. 610517 ID: ea0ad9

> I’m pretty sure she won’t strip naked if you say you wanted to paint here nude…
I think Shilse's out to test that theory.
>>
No. 610563 ID: 9ddf68

>She’s eccentric, I give you that, but she isn’t that eccentric. I’m pretty sure she won’t strip naked if you say you wanted to paint here nude
well when that subject was brought up she said she'd never have the nerve to try but a friend we made is testing the waters there.

>Somewhere were there aren’t any people, like in your apartment. They said they wanted to talk to you alone, away from the watching eyes of the populace.
tell them that works but for future reference let them know that sounds like they're hiring a hit man or something. Then before you go let your friends know you're meeting some people so you have to leave and send a message to HQ letting them know you're going to this meeting. If they ask why you're telling them just say so it's so you wouldn't have to worry about them interrupting your meeting for anything not important.
>>
No. 610615 ID: 330ce5

Politely leave then head towards your apartment. These people might want to ask you some questions, but this might be the time to ask some yourself.
>>
No. 610628 ID: 825af6

Well that meeting request is rather suspicious, less for the fact they want it in private and more 'cause they aren't holding it in a soundproofed, sensor shielded Sol Corp office. You'd think since they don't want the populace to potentially overhear whatever they want to talk about they'd ask you to go up there where they'd be sure of it rather then send one of their reps down here. Maybe they don't want you to be seen entering the SC offices for some reason?

Ask PAC for the whole message, if it got the name of who sent it or who is coming to the meeting, and to log the message as part of your case's file if it hasn't already. And make sure show up to the meeting with your Peacekeeper uniform on since you're going to record the whole exchange into evidence.

Hm... With the secrecy SC is exhibiting, the possibility the W55P wrote "ARC" and not "ART" in its oil and that piece of synth-metal with the classified molecular structure you found that very likely came from MSTC, it's looking like your case may be connected to their ARC project. But in what way? Maybe the AI on one of the prototype ARCs have emerged as a SAI and then got loose on-station? But with all the safeguards they surely have in place to deal with that possibility it'd be near impossible for that to happen, right? ...That is, unless the safeguards were tampered with. But then even if the ARC got out it'd have to be invisible to the station's internal sensors and cameras to not be found immediately... Except a prototype military 'bot would feasibly have stealth or cloaking tech in it. ...You're quite likely imagining things here, but if that did happen it'd explain why SC took such a keen interest in your case and wants to speak with you in private; They want you to find the ARC prototype on the down low so news of their screw up doesn't get out. ...But knowing how things usually go it's pretty certain it won't be nearly as exciting as that. Still nice to imagine it, though.

You have a two hour window for this meeting so there's no need to rush off. Take your time and finish up properly before leaving. Susan is on her way here and you want to introduce her to Shilse first. There's also seeing of you can get Shilse to hit on Cib, but that's looking unlikely with her focused on Kasha. And even when you leave you don't have to reply to the message with the meeting spot right off. You can head home and stash those porn BTLs in your evidence locker then maybe wash up and read a bit of Throne of Games before you reply.

Message to Susan: Saw what Cib's working on and met Shui; Is he usual for Serpens when it comes to imagination or a bit low even for them? And Cib told me what he's going for in his art piece; It's a well trodden counter-consumerism premise but the execution is interesting. Also, Shilse's got a hard target lock on Kasha right now after seeing her in that "Gesh" outfit. We might not be able to maneuver Shilse into hitting on Cib before either of them leaves and have to do it later.

Oh, and don't forget to add "male Serpens" to your alien first contact list for Shui along with the green scaled female Sakkil and light skinned female Human that were in the figure painting group you passed by.
>>
No. 610662 ID: 65a774
File 141829691829.png - (20.67KB , 900x450 , 47.png )
610662

>Message to Susan: Saw what Cib's working on and met Shui; Is he usual for Serpens when it comes to imagination or a bit low even for them?
:SusanDREAM: (Most Serpens are a bit… um… they are really smart and stuff… and Shui in particular is a really nice guy, but they can be a bit dense when it comes to… imagination stuff.)
>Also, Shilse's got a hard target lock on Kasha right now after seeing her in that "Gesh" outfit. We might not be able to maneuver Shilse into hitting on Cib before either of them leaves and have to do it later.
:SusanDREAM: (Aw… I wanted see Cib’s face when she suggested he would be full of her unhatched young… wait, Kasha? I’ve never seen her show any interest in… um… any gender before.)

>Ask PAC for the whole message, if it got the name of who sent it or who is coming to the meeting.
:PACDREAM: That was basically the message.
>And to log the message as part of your case's file if it hasn't already.
:PACDREAM: Everything that is connected to the case is automatically logged.

>With the secrecy SC is exhibiting, the possibility the W55P wrote "ARC" and not "ART" in its oil and that piece of synth-metal with the classified molecular structure you found that very likely came from MSTC, it's looking like your case may be connected to their ARC project.
You realize that this case might soon become a lot more complex… and you might need to start worrying about people trying to kill you. After all, that’s how it is in the Holotapes, right?
>One of the ARC has gone rampant! It got stealth technology and military weapons! It will kill us all!
…Try as you might, you fail to not think about giant, killer robots that are after your acidic liquids. Hopefully it’s only your imagination, but you’ve gotten the feeling that you’re being watched… by GIANT, KILLER ROBOTS OF MASS DESTRUCTION!! AAH!!!
> You have a two hour window for this meeting so there's no need to rush off. Take your time and finish up properly before leaving.
Yes, yes, you need to calm down a bit… there aren’t any killer robots around here… there are especially not one waiting in your apartment, hidden under the bed… nope, of course not… no robots at all… you’re fine… fine… heh… err…
>And even when you leave you don't have to reply to the message with the meeting spot right off. You can head home and stash those porn BTLs in your evidence locker then maybe wash up and read a bit of Throne of Games before you reply.
…even though your peacekeeper armor got an advance cooling system, you really need a quick trip into the Hydro chamber before just taking it easy for a while, calming your nerves and stop thinking about KILLER ROBOTS FROM OUTERSPACE AHH!!
>Also get your helmet back. You might need it again soon.
You’ve already made a note to get it as soon as you head home.
>Oh, and don't forget to add "male Serpens" to your alien first contact list for Shui along with the green scaled female Sakkil and light skinned female Human that were in the figure painting group you passed by.
So, what’s left? You’ve almost got them all by now, haven’t you?

:JourneyDREAM: I think Shilse's out to test that theory about how far Kasha is willing to go for art.
:ShuiDREAM: Who’s Shilse?
:JourneyDREAM: Oh, right, you haven’t met yet. She’s a nice ovale Serpens I met at the observatory… if a bit… err…
:CB11DREAM: Like most new Serpens that comes here, I guess? Hitting on everything and everyone?
:JourneyDREAM: Yeah… hey, Shui, you don’t seem to be like that? What gives?
:ShuiDREAM: Well, I was born here on the station… and two of my caretakers were non-Serpens so I’ve never really experience that… um… very free culture they got back in Serpens space.
:CB11DREAM: Wait, how is this Shilse even testing this theory? Did she just ask her to get naked or what? Most Serpens aren’t really...
:JourneyDREAM: Shilse apparently likes to paint and she asked for some help… while commenting that her outfit was very “interesting”. Of course, when the subject of modeling came up Kasha was a bit… skeptical. She said she’d never have the nerve to try it nude in front of people…
:ShuiDREAM: See, I told you she wouldn’t get naked for art!
:CB11DREAM: I bet you ten creds that she will get naked by the end of the day.
:ShuiDREAM: You’re on.

:JourneyDREAM: Hey, Shui… how many uses can you think of for a paperclip?
:ShuiDREAM: …what kind of question is that? Um… well, you can use it as a paperclip, can’t you? …and I did see a Holo where they used it as a lockpick… and… um…
:CB11DREAM: Emergency cable, anything you need copper or steel wire for, a small rod to push things with, tooth pick, ring, a cunning trap for barefooted organics… the list goes on.
:ShuiDREAM: Err… right… that’s what you can use as- wait, don’t all paperclips got those antirust coatings that makes them insulators instead of conductors?
:CB11DREAM: Heck if I know, I’ve never tried to do use one as an electric cable.
:JourneyDREAM: …well, that was interesting… hey, just so you know, I’ll be meeting some very important people soon in my apartment, alright? So don’t disturb me for a while, okay?
:CB11DREAM: …geez, it almost sounds like you’re afraid someone hired a hit man to take you out on this meeting. Yeah, yeah, if you don’t call us tonight we will presume you’re dead, sure.
:ShuiDREAM: Are you sure you’ll be alright? I mean, if you want to I can come too, if make you feel safer-
:JourneyDREAM: That won’t be necessary, Shui, but thanks for the offering.

:SusanDREAM: Offering? What did I miss? Oh, and hi Shui, nice to see you again! …oh, hi Joana and Cib too.
:ShuiDREAM: Hello.
:CB11DREAM: Hello, sister. What brings you here?
:SusanDREAM: Well, Jo wanted me to meet this… Shilse, was it? She’s new here and in need of friends!
:ShuiDREAM: Oh, she is? Then we better go and introduce ourselves! I hate to see someone alone here without friends.
:SusanDREAM: She was with Kasha, right? I saw her go into the room next to this one with some paint stuff.
:JourneyDREAM: Err… maybe we-
:ShuiDREAM: Then what are we waiting for? Let’s go!
:JourneyDREAM: W-wait…
>>
No. 610663 ID: 65a774
File 141829693467.png - (22.24KB , 900x450 , 48.png )
610663

:KashaDREAM: -but the mask is part of the whole Gesh costume…
:ShilseDREAM: But it’s in the way for the gorgeous view that your beautiful face gives off.
:KashaDREAM: Hmm… well, if you want to paint me without the mask…
:ShilseDREAM: It’s just too bad, while that costume is a very interesting, it’s hiding away those amazing voluptuous curves of yours that’s the real art for the world to see.
:KashaDREAM: I already told you, you just have to paint me with the clothes on…
:ShuiDREAM: See, I told you she had class.
:CB11DREAM: *Grumble*
:ShilseDREAM: Huh? Who?
:ShuiDREAM: Greetings, friend of friends! We’re here to welcome you to the station!
:SusanDREAM: Oh, you’re Shilse right? So nice to meet you!
:ShilseDREAM: I’m… err… who? Jo?
:JourneyDREAM: Sorry, they… err… got away from me.
:ShuiDREAM: Let me introduce myself. I’m Shui Virina and I’m have to say I’m delighted to make your acquaintance, Shilse.
:SusanDREAM: And I’m Susan… and this is my brother Cib.
:ShilseDREAM: Cib, eh? Really odd and… exotic…
:KashaDREAM: …is this a bad time? Should I come back later?
>>
No. 610698 ID: 687279

>>610663
Well that's not up to you. Introduce your friends though!
>>
No. 610710 ID: ea0ad9

>…is this a bad time? Should I come back later?
I'm, uh, fairly sure the introductions will be out of the way soon enough, but maybe if you want to get a snack or something you'll have the time? Sorry, again.

If she does head out, since we're going to have to head to our apartment soon enough, anyways, we can tag along and ask her if we can get the contact information if we ever have art questions.
>>
No. 610716 ID: dbe554

Have to enjoy how the fact Cib has a full camera based head and yet you can still see 'eyebrows' showing annoyance on him.

Regardless do apologize for your friends and make for some quick introductions.
>>
No. 610731 ID: 825af6

>…is this a bad time? Should I come back later?
Uh, yeah, maybe come back in a bit once the level T welcome wagon clears out. Well, unless you want to climb on board.

Suggest that everyone share extended introductions with Shilse and she with them; Yanno, hobbies, jobs, interests, that kinda thing. And don't forget yourself.

Oh, how 'bout you suggest that y'all have a get together later as something of a welcome party for both you and Shilse. You'll have to remember to ask Kasha to come as well too.

If you get the chance, poke Shui and ask why he barged in like that. That's rude on it's own, but isn't there also a rule against doing that here?

Message to Shilse: Kasha's gonna catch on that you're only looking to paint her in order to see her naked if you keep being that insistent and then she might be offended. She's made it clear she won't strip for a simple portrait, but I hear she's really into unusual and creative art. Maybe if you come up with a creative arty idea that involves her getting naked that's good enough she'll go for it.

Message to Cib: Day's not over yet, Cib. You can still win that bet if can come up with a sufficiently unusual artistic reason for Kasha to get naked in front of Shilse that Shilse could use. How 'bout you talk with Shilse and figure out one together?

Message to Susan: Shilse's interested in art so try to work the fact that Cib's working on a found object sculpture in next door and maybe she'll want to see it with Cib.

Message to Susan: Hey, have you considered dating Shui? He did grow up on New Horizon so he should have at least the basic concept of the kind of romantic relationship you want.

> (Aw… I wanted see Cib’s face when she suggested he would be full of her unhatched young… wait, Kasha? I’ve never seen her show any interest in… um… any gender before.)
Reply to Susan: What, like no interest at all in that way to anybody regardless of gender? Is she dating another or married or mated or whatever the term Hivers use for that kind of thing and that's why she's not interested?
>>
No. 610741 ID: 65a774
File 141833541548.png - (21.70KB , 900x450 , 49.png )
610741

>Message to Shilse: Kasha's gonna catch on that you're only looking to paint her in order to see her naked if you keep being that insistent and then she might be offended.
:ShilseDREAM: (Oh, I’m going to fast again? I’ll try to slow down a bit… oh, and want to paint her because she got a beautiful body, not because I want to see her naked.)
>I hear she's really into unusual and creative art. Maybe if you come up with a creative arty idea that involves her getting naked that's good enough she'll go for it.
:ShilseDREAM: (Hmm… something unusual, eh? I guess that would be an interesting lay if anything… hmmm…)

>Message to Cib: Day's not over yet, Cib. You can still win that bet if can come up with a sufficiently unusual artistic reason for Kasha to get naked in front of Shilse that Shilse could use.
:CB11DREAM: (Ugh, I’m not helping her do disgusting stuff for just a few creds. It was just a stupid bet, nothing more.)

>Message to Susan: Shilse's interested in art so try to work the fact that Cib's working on a found object sculpture in next door and maybe she'll want to see it with Cib.
:SusanDREAM: (Err… shouldn’t Cib be the one introducing his own stuff? …and I don’t know if that garbage pile of his even is art… err… don’t tell him I said that…)
>What, like no interest at all in that way to anybody regardless of gender? Is she dating another or married or mated or whatever the term Hivers use for that kind of thing and that's why she's not interested?
:SusanDREAM: (Don’t ask me. All I know is that I’ve never seen her with… well, anyone, really.)
>Hey, have you considered dating Shui? He did grow up on New Horizon so he should have at least the basic concept of the kind of romantic relationship you want.
:SusanDREAM: (Shui? Err… heh… um… you see… hah… I mean… err… oh, can’t talk now, I got to introduce myself to Shilse!)

:JourneyDREAM: Don’t worry, I’m sure the introductions will be out of the way soon enough, but if you want to get a snack or something you’re free to leave for a few minutes.
:KashaDREAM: …Well, if you don’t mind me being here I’m staying.
:JourneyDREAM: Now, when we’re all here maybe we can introduce ourselves properly to Shilse, hmm? You know, hobbies, jobs… interests…
:ShuiDREAM: I can go first then. As I said, I’m Shui and I work as a robotic engineer at Sol Corp. As for hobbies… well, I do play a xerch.
:ShilseDREAM: Really? You have to play so I can hear it sometime.
:SusanDREAM: Yeah, you really need to hear him play! He’s an amazing player!
:ShuiDREAM: Err… I’m not really… um…
:SusanDREAM: Oh, and I’m Susan, I work at a spa and…

>If you get the chance, poke Shui and ask why he barged in like that. That's rude on it's own, but isn't there also a rule against doing that here?
:ShuiDREAM: Huh? What?
:JourneyDREAM: Why did you barge right in here like that? It’s was rather rude...
:ShuiDREAM: It was? Oh, right… it… um… you see… I… err…
:CB11DREAM: Shui here tends to act before he thinks… especially when it concerns the happiness of others.
:ShuiDREAM: See, I just couldn’t let her be all alone and friendless, now could I? Wait… didn’t you barge in on us just a moment ago?
:JourneyDREAM: Err… that was… different?
:CB11DREAM: Being a hypocrite doesn’t suit you, Jo… next time knock, alright?
:JourneyDREAM: Sorry.



:CB11DREAM: -I’m also an aspiring artist.
:ShilseDREAM: That makes two of us.
:JourneyDREAM: Hey, I just got a great idea! Why don’t we have some kind of welcome party for us two tonight?
:SusanDREAM: Tonight? Weren’t you, I and brother going to play some game then?
:JourneyDREAM: Exactly! Why don’t we all meet up and just have fun? Of course… I just have two controllers…
:CB11DREAM: Don’t worry, I got two more, so we’re at least good for a four player game.
:SusanDREAM: Yeah, this sounds like fun!
:ShuiDREAM: Count me in.
:ShilseDREAM: Why not? I didn’t have anything planned anyway.
:KashaDREAM: Um… I have four controllers myself… if you want to borrow them…
:ShilseDREAM: Hey, you’re welcome too, Kasha.
:KashaDREAM: Well… alright then, it can be an inspiring evening.

:JourneyDREAM: So, we got what… 8 controllers? But we’re only six…
:ShuiDREAM: We can invite Aelia? I’m sure she would love meeting new people.
:CB11DREAM: I’m not surprised you’re the one suggesting to call her…
:ShuiDREAM: Hey, what do you mean with that?
:JourneyDREAM: Who?
:CB11DREAM: Lizard boobs.
:JourneyDREAM: Oh, her.
:ShuiDREAM: Hey! Don’t call her that!
:ShilseDREAM: A Sakkil with a pair of mammary? …interesting…
:SusanDREAM: We’re still short at least one…
:CB11DREAM: Or more… the more the merrier, I say…
:ShuiDREAM: So… um… who else is there?

:PACDREAM: Reminder, you need to speak with Sol Corp soon.
>>
No. 610745 ID: 687279

What about Vitus?

After this you gotta go.
>>
No. 610746 ID: dbe554

Vitus would be a nice 8th, though yeah we do need to head out after this, though is there anything to know about lizard boo..er. Aelia, rather then knowing her body her body mods.
>>
No. 610747 ID: 6e79d4

Ask if you should invite Vitus, you can call him on the way to your apartment.
>>
No. 610749 ID: ea0ad9

>Oh, I’m going to fast again? I’ll try to slow down a bit…
[Reply: Nah, it's not necessarily too fast, just don't pressure it. Sometimes people need pressure to advance, but sometimes it will just make them take a step back instead]
>oh, can’t talk now, I got to introduce myself to Shilse!
Aww, somebody's got a crush!
>Or more… the more the merrier, I say…
Cib, as cynical as you can be, you're a real social butterfly, aren't you? Perhaps more of a bee, then, since while you fly with a swarm, you've got a nasty sting.

Oh! We do have one more contact: The Sakkil chef.
[Message Vitus: Not sure if you're up to it, but six other acquaintances I made decided it would be a good idea to throw a "Welcome" party for me. It would be nice to have you over as well, but I understand if you would rather stick to smaller get-togethers.]
>>
No. 610785 ID: 9ddf68

well we talked to Vitus earlier today and he sounds like he could us a good distraction from his problems, I'll give him a call. Oh and I don't mean to cut things short but I have some work related stuff that's coming up real quick so I got to take off for now, I'll call you when it's over and we can just meat at my place... unless someone knows somewhere better we can go?

also remember to grab your helmet on the way back.
>>
No. 610834 ID: 825af6

>Reminder, you need to speak with Sol Corp soon.
Whoa, were y'all here gabbing for that long? Check the time and thank PAC for the reminder. Time to wrap this up.

Okay, who else to ask over? More then half your on-station contact list is in this room already, so that leaves only a few. You'd like Vitius to come over, though in his metal state you don't know if he'll balk at being dropped into a group situation like this. Unless anybody else here thinks he'd be more receptive to them calling him about this you'll make the call.

[Message to Vitus: Heya, I'm gonna have something of a newcomers welcoming party - more of a hang out, really - at my place for both me and Shilse, that Serpens gal from the Observation Deck, soon. Cib and Susan are gonna be there, along with about three or four others, and we're gonna have enough controllers for eight player Super Smash Sentinels. So, you up for coming over?]

There's also that lawyer Cib introduced to you, Cksk. Would he be up for this little get together? You don't really know him, so could Cib call him up and ask instead of you?

Let's see, who else is left on your contact list? The Captain is right out, for multiple reasons. That leaves Embracer of Harmony... Uh... Hm... Well, it would be interesting to invite it over, but it likely wouldn't be able to make it 'cause it's working the shift at its store. Still, it might like that you thought of it and made the offer, so ask it anyway.

>I can go first then. As I said, I’m Shui and I work as a robotic engineer at Sol Corp. As for hobbies… well, I do play a xerch.
Ah, ask if he could bring it to the party and play for everyone.

There may be a issue with eight players at once at your place: Your game room might not be big enough for them all. Might have to move your TV setup out into the living room for this. And is your TV gonna be big enough?

Guest list sorted, it's time to go. Tell 'em that you gotta leave for a meeting at your place for a case you're working and you'll let 'em know when you're done so we can get this party started. Then estimate how much time you need to get your helmet, get back to your place, stash the three BTLs in your evidence locker and take a quick wash in the Hydro chamber and ask PAC to schedule your meeting about ten minutes later then that time.

En route look up that Q&Q video game Shilse mentioned. If it's any good then maybe you'll buy it. Maybe it'll be multiplayer and you'll have something other then Super Smash Sentinels to play.
>>
No. 610929 ID: 65a774
File 141840609505.png - (33.36KB , 900x450 , 50.png )
610929

>Look up that Q&Q video game Shilse mentioned.
It doesn’t seem to be a video game, but instead one of those old, primitive board games. You know, those with strangely shaped rocks called dice and weird figures.

:JourneyDREAM: Hey, how about Vitus? He would probably need the distraction.
:SusanDREAM: Eh… he’s such a… um… party pooper right now…
:CB11DREAM: Only if he gets into one of his moods… but you’re right, he needs to get out more. He’s been holed up in that apartment for way too long. Why don’t you call him, Jo, it’s your party after all.
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… and how about that lawyer Cib introduced me too? Cksk?
:CB11DREAM: Eh… he’s probably not that into gaming but… I can call him and ask, I guess? Just don’t get your hopes up.
:JourneyDREAM: And then there’s Embracer of Harmony… if he’s not working.
:ShuiDREAM: Who?
:SusanDREAM: That grumpy Uredo that owns the BTL store.
:ShuiDREAM: Oh, that jerk. I don’t know… should we really invite him?
:CB11DREAM: Hmm… he is a bit… rich in personality, isn’t he? But I guess it’s up to Shilse and Jo. It’s your party.
:KashaDREAM: He can actually be surprisingly sweet if you let him.
:ShilseDREAM: I never met the guy so I can’t really say. Joana?
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm…
:ShuiDREAM: Well, if you want him to come just call him. I’m sure we can find a place for him.

:JourneyDREAM: Oh, and this lizard boo- eer, Aelia, was it? Who is she?
:ShuiDREAM: Oh, she’s just wonderful. She’s the nicest person I know… and intelligent to boot. Her singing voice is like water vibrating of the Xiroth stalks and she’s as beautiful as she’s swe-
:SusanDREAM: Ugh, enough gushing over her already…
:KashaDREAM: She is a good singer, that’s true.
:CB11DREAM: She also regularly kicks my ass in Unreal arena.
:JourneyDREAM: She sounds… interesting… but sure, call her.
:ShuiDREAM: I’ll do it right-
:CB11DREAM: Let me call her, Shui… when we know where and when.

:JourneyDREAM: You know… Cib, as cynical as you can be, you're a real social butterfly, aren't you?
:SusanDREAM: That’s because he loves to gossip about peoples personal lives.
:CB11DREAM: Hey, that’s not true!
:SusanDREAM: Oh, of course not… if you ever want to know who is up to what just ask Bro, eh?
:JourneyDREAM: Right, I’ll keep that in mind… err… and I just realized, we might be a bit many for my small TV… um…
:CB11DREAM: No problem! Shui here got a big one right in his living room.
:ShuiDREAM: Err… wait, did you just invite everyone too my apartment?
:CB11DREAM: Don’t be a party pooper, Shui.
:ShuiDREAM: Um… okay, I guess… my place at six then?
:SusanDREAM: Oh, perfect! Then you can show off your mad xerch skills!
:ShuiDREAM: Err… I’m not really that good and… I rather not, alright?

:JourneyDREAM: So, that’s the plan then? Six at Shui? Err…
:ShuiDREAM: 14T.
:JourneyDREAM: Ah, alright. Now, I don't mean to cut things short but I have some work related stuff that's coming up real quick so I got to take off for now. I’ll call Vitus on the way home. See you guys at six.
:SusanDREAM: Bye Jo!
:ShilseDREAM: Be seeing you.



>Remember to grab your helmet on the way back.
Helmet get! *Dudelidu!*
>Give him a call.
As you’re heading home and select Vitus profile you regain the feeling that you’re being watched by someone… or something…

:VitusDREAM: Oh, Hi Joana! Funny, I was just about to call you.
:JourneyDREAM: Hello Vitus.

You carefully start to observe those around you, trying to find someone out of place to explain the feeling of dread that’s watching over you.

:VitusDREAM: Hey, Jo, I was thinking… err… are you free tonight?

Then you see it, a small robotic ball slowly hovering far above your head, mimicking your very moments.

:VitusDREAM: Because… um… I got this nice bottle of Hiver wine and… well, how about we just hang out tonight, to celebrate your arrival? Just the two of us?

It’s some kind of small scout drone and it has probably been following you for quite a- wait, what did he just say!?

:VitusDREAM: Jo?
>>
No. 610935 ID: 9ddf68

>wait, what did he just say!?
wait what? sorry I got distracted by something for a second. Oh you wanted to hang out, huh that's a little awkward, I was just about to invite you to a party I helped put together. I mean if you want to come I'll be there but it's going to be more then just the two of us. Cib will be there as well and he's even bringing a few games and I remember you said that you liked Cib's game nights. It's at 14T starting at 6.

>scoute drone
the little ball above next to the orange mushroom above the tv? why the hell is that fallowing you, we've only been here a day and have yet to make any real progress on the case we've been assigned to. Anything we can do about the drone, like have our PAC unit scan it or something? I mean short of shooting it I don't really know what we can do about it and our gun was mad to knock out biologicals not drones.
>>
No. 610943 ID: 687279

>>610929
Uh, tell him you should make it clear right now you're not attracted to other species. You're organizing a bit of a party though if he wants to come, maybe he can meet someone nice there?

Maybe you shouldn't tell him where and when, though. You're being watched right now and you don't want to crash the party with an uninvited guest. Start up some small talk with him, while finding something you can throw. Then use your GODHAND to nail the scout drone with it, hopefully knocking it out of the sky so you can capture it.
>>
No. 610969 ID: ea0ad9

>wait, what did he just say!?
Oh. That... might actually be a nice distraction from things, but we do got that party tonight.
Reply: Actually, tonight we're all gathering at Shui's, as a sort of welcome party for me. Tomorrow should be good, but, um, is this supposed to be a date, or just hanging out? Because, I... Well, if it's a date, I don't think I'm ready to get too deep into a relationship, but if it's slow, then certainly!
Reaaally hoping I'm not jumping to conclusions here, it would be pretty embarassing if we are.
Let's not mind the camera drone, they're probably just making sure we're not bringing anybody over, since it's supposed to be a personal chat and stuff.
>>
No. 610986 ID: 65a774
File 141842483346.png - (27.67KB , 900x450 , 51.png )
610986

:JourneyDREAM: Wait what? Sorry I got distracted by something for a second. Oh you wanted to hang out, huh? That's a little awkward, I was just about to invite you to a party I helped put together.
:VitusDREAM: A party? Err… yeah, sure, t-that sounds like fun… um… where and with who?
:JourneyDREAM: Let’s see… Cib, Susan, Shui, Kasha, Aelia and Shilse, the Serpens that was hitting on me earlier today. Oh, and it’s at…
>Maybe you shouldn't tell him where and when, though. You're being watched right now and you don't want to crash the party with an uninvited guest.
:VitusDREAM: …at where?
:JourneyDREAM: I need to double check, I’ll send a message in a few minutes when I get home.
:VitusDREAM: oh, then… then I guess I’ll see you at this party then?
:JourneyDREAM: I forgot to mention, but we were originally going to play some games, but those plans can have changed a bit.
:VitusDREAM: oh, hey, eight player games sound like fun. But yeah, I’ll see you there.

>Uh, tell him you should make it clear right now you're not attracted to other species.
:JourneyDREAM: Oh, and… one more thing… I just wanted to say…
>Reaaally hoping I'm not jumping to conclusions here, it would be pretty embarrassing if we are.
:JourneyDREAM: …you know what, forget about it. See you there.
:VitusDREAM: Bye, Jo.

>Anything we can do about the drone, like have our PAC unit scan it or something.
:PACDREAM: You do not have the clearance for that action.
>Find something to throw and use your GODHAND to nail the scout drone with it, hopefully knocking it out of the sky so you can capture it.
You might be able to throw something hard enough to wreck it, sure… but…
>Let's not mind the camera drone, they're probably just making sure we're not bringing anybody over, since it's supposed to be a personal chat and stuff.
…you have no idea who sent it or why there’s a drone after you… it’s fully possible that it’s Sol Corps massager or something. You decide not to be too hasty… at least not yet.

Either way, you’re finally home again. Home, sweet new home… time to get out of this stuffy uniform and take a nice trip in the Hydro chamber before a relaxing nap- Hey! The Drone followed you right into the apartment!
>>
No. 610988 ID: 65a774
File 141842489405.png - (28.33KB , 900x450 , 52.png )
610988

:EliDREAM: -got visuals. Are we-? You have my apologies for the my intrusion, Officer Song of the Journey, but I simply didn’t have time to see you in person.
:JourneyDREAM: Wha- where did you come from?
:EliDREAM: The Drone have a holographic emitter, enabling me to speak with you directly from my office. Oh, and how rude of me, I nearly forgot to introduce myself. I am Eli Nefir of Sol Corp, and I’m here to speak to you about the interesting case you’ve been entangled in. First I would like to remind you that if your performance is not satisfactory, we will be… highly disappointed. On the flipside, if your performance goes beyond our expectations, we will be most pleased.
:JourneyDREAM: Err… you’re here to tell me that you want me to do my best?
:EliDREAM: I am here to tell you that we will help you in any way we can to solve this case of… “property damaged of our hardware”.
:JourneyDREAM: Help me? Wait, you’re the one who requested that I’d take the case? Why?
:EliDREAM: Tell me, what was the first thing you did when you found the crime scene?
:JourneyDREAM: I… followed basic procedures?
:EliDREAM: I meant before that?
:JourneyDREAM: I… err… called for help?
:EliDREAM: …What I was referring to was the first thing you did was try to save the K55P, and when it failed you cradled it in your arms as it ceased to function, telling it it would be alright…
:JourneyDREAM: Err… you’re brining that up because…
:EliDREAM: Because that’s why I requested you to take the case. You saw it as a person, that’s why. As competent the Peace keeper officer is, she is still way to strung by the laws… and she’s completely entangled with that incompetent mayor of ours. No, they would simply shove this case to the wayside and focus on other thing, simply because it’s classified as “Property damage”. I will not let the death of one of my employees be forgotten about, robot or otherwise. You will find out what happened and who is responsible. If it was suicide I want to know why, if it was an accident I want to know how and who to blame… and if it is murder I will have the murders head on a silver platter. Do you understand?

[Message sent to Vitus: It's at 14T starting at 6.]
:VitusDREAM: (Right. See you there then.)
>>
No. 610990 ID: 687279

Tell her she has your word you'll get to the bottom of this.

...it occurs to me that nobody would have even been able to use the customer ID to look up Tr’ak’kq’urk Qu’r’kkz's information at the store without a warrant. Why did the robot have the ID at all? Oh, ask her when's the last time anyone saw Tr’ak’kq’urk Qu’r’kkz.
>>
No. 611001 ID: 6e79d4

You have my word I'll get to the bottom of this, but I'll need some help- some of the things I've been looking into have been classified. The K55P wrote either 'ART' or 'ARC' before it died, do you know of any meaning it could have? What do you know about Tr’ak’kq’urk Qu’r’kkz? and lastly, can you identify this metal, or have any idea why the victim would have it?
>>
No. 611006 ID: 01745f

Definitely ask about the red metal with the letters S.T on it. I suspect someone might have been stealing secrets from or tempering with Military System Technologies Corp hardware and silenced K55P to keep it secret.
>>
No. 611008 ID: 9ddf68

all right then, but on question before we begin, why are you following me with a drone and why wouldn't a phone call have worked?

(Are we at liberty to actually talk about what we have found out with her? I'm not all the familiar with the Peace Keeper do and don't playbook.)

Either way I think it couldn't hurt to question her since she's here. Ask what she knows about that mantis we were looking into and who's name I can never remember. Also ask why the victim might have been in a restricted area and how he'd even get in? we did some digging and he shouldn't have been anywhere near where he fell in the first place.
>>
No. 611050 ID: ea0ad9

>I am here to tell you that we will help you in any way we can to solve this case
>and if it is murder I will have the murders head on a silver platter. Do you understand?
Yes, certainly. You already got the information about the red metal, right? It might be related to the new robots being worked on, but I'll look around to see if it might be sourced outside of SOL. This is, of course, just a request, since I lack an official warrant, but if you could verify if everything is in place there, I would appreciate it.
>(Are we at liberty to actually talk about what we have found out with her? I'm not all the familiar with the Peace Keeper do and don't playbook.)
I'm fairly certain that we are allowed to, since she's the "Victim of property damage," and we're the officer assigned to the case.
>>
No. 611153 ID: 65a774
File 141849352135.png - (28.28KB , 900x450 , 53.png )
611153

>...it occurs to me that nobody would have even been able to use the customer ID to look up Tr’ak’kq’urk Qu’r’kkz's information at the store without a warrant.
You’re pretty sure Embracer mentioned that an AI owned by someone should be able to pick up already rented BTLs. As the ones you confiscated where still being rented by Tr’ka… Trk’a… the Hiver the K55P bot would have been able to retrieve them… if K55P were owned by the Hiver…

:JourneyDREAM: You have my word, I will find out what happened to K55P
:EliDREAM: Good. I have to say, I got the feeling this is the beginning of a rather interesting… “partnership”, so to speak. Now, I’m sure you have questions, correct?
:JourneyDREAM: Well, a lot of things I’d found are classified…
:EliDREAM: Indeed, and they will stay so for now. I will give you any information that I deem helpful for you, nothing more. They are classified for a reason, after all.
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… K55P wrote either ‘ART’ or ‘ARC’ before it died… do you know what that should mean?
:EliDREAM: …Art? I can’t say he had a lot of exposure to culture… ARC on the other hand... you know what about project ARC already, don’t you? From the news?
:JourneyDREAM: Something about automatic combat robots?
:EliDREAM: Automatic Robotic Combatants, yes. You don’t need the details but they are rather dangerous things. What’s interesting though is that the K55P bot were working on that very project. He was an assistance installer of the… let’s just say he worked with the legs. Nothing super important.
:JourneyDREAM: …interesting… and this… PAC. Hiver name.
:PACDREAM: Tr’ak’kq’urk Qu’r’kkz.
:JourneyDREAM: Is he working on the ARC project too?
:EliDREAM: Funny you would mention Tr’ak. He was the K55P bots “superior”, so to speak.
:JourneyDREAM: Anything more you can tell me about Tr’ak?
:EliDREAM: I’ve never met the man, but he’s been a diligent worker for years. He’s apparently quite a pro-S.A.I activist, which would explain why he’d requested to work directly with K55P. I’m pretty sure he’s been trying to free K55P the last month and a half.

:JourneyDREAM: And this piece of metal? Where is it from?
:EliDREAM: Yes, the metal piece. It’s definitely from one of the ARC units, that’s for sure. I can’t say how he got his hands on it, tough. He shouldn’t have been able to take it outside the ARC manufactory.
:JourneyDREAM: and the S.T on it?
:EliDREAM: Military System Technologies Corp. M.S.T.C.
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… do you know why K55P was in a restricted area before his death?
:EliDREAM: That’s up for you to find out, isn’t it? He shouldn’t have had access to it, now would he?

:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… I do have a theory… what if someone is stealing secrets or tampering with M.S.T.C’s hardware and K55P was silenced to keep it secret?
:EliDREAM: If that’s theory is true then it’s vitally important you get to the bottom of this, yes? It’s a possibility, sure, but we have a lot of security measures to make sure something like that won’t happen. Of course, nothing is ever foolproof, is it?
:JourneyDREAM: …and one last thing, why the frack were you following me with a scout drone!? Couldn’t you just call me on the phone!?
:EliDREAM: My apologizes for the Drone, but it’s needed to project the hologram. I rather talk face to face then over the comm net… mostly because it’s a lot harder to listen in on a hologram talk then on the comm.
:JourneyDREAM: …you should have at least given me a warning. I was this close to shoot the thing down.
:EliDREAM: Hmm… I told my secretary to mention the drone when he messaged you earlier. Did he forget about it? Never mind that, that’s my concern, not yours. Now, I do have another tidbit that might help you out on your search. Do you know why the Peace keepers are so busy?
:JourneyDREAM: …they are lazy?
:EliDREAM: Heh, if only… no, they have their arms full with something else… have you heard about a group called Deus Machina? Latin for… god machine or machine god or something like that?
:JourneyDREAM: …aren’t they an anti-organic hate group?
:EliDREAM: Indeed, and they have taken a bit of offence of all the anti-robot protest that’s been going on thanks to the new ARCs models and thus are threatening to do… something at the anniversary celebration. While they don’t have a real record of any real terrorist activities, the Mayor have ordered all PK forces available to make sure there won’t be a bomb or anything.
:JourneyDREAM: …so, we got military death machines, anti-robot protest and a terrorist threat coming from an anti-organic group?
:EliDREAM: And then suddenly one of the robots working on the military death machines ends up dead… I do hope it’s just a coincidence.
>>
No. 611155 ID: 9ddf68

all right so we have both anti-robot and anti-organic protesters now to add to the suspect list. The first for not liking the project K55P was working on and the fact that K55P was a robot himself and the second could have been after something involving ARC and K55P got in the way. Still nothing solid but it's better then nothing. I think we should see if we can't track down this Tr'ak guy. After getting some more information he doesn't sound like someone to off K55P, and the fact that we can't find him after his friend would up dead is making me worried.
>>
No. 611157 ID: 687279

>>611153
What if the anti-organic hate group was trying to sabotage the military death machines so that they all went berserk?

Sighhhhhh, we're gonna have to watch that damn porn now.
>>
No. 611169 ID: dbe554

>>611157

Xenophilliac BTL adventures is go!

But yeah this has become very suspicious..And very moviesque.
>>
No. 611235 ID: ea0ad9

So, we've got two terrorist groups, one opposed to robots and SAI, the other opposed to anything that isn't a robot or SAI. Well, this is just grand.
Well, nothing more to do now but continue our investigations in porn.
>>
No. 611245 ID: 65a774
File 141851309039.png - (27.78KB , 900x450 , 54.png )
611245

JourneyDREAM: So… we have both anti-robot and anti-organic protesters now to add to the suspect list, huh?
:EliDREAM: Seems so, doesn’t it?
:JourneyDREAM: …what if the anti-organic group is trying to sabotage the ARCs so they go rampant at the show?
:EliDREAM: Their AI system are beyond anything else on the marked currently. Even if they somehow gained access to them all it would be nearly impossible for them to reprogram them. But, nearly is not completely, is it? We have a lot of extra security measures in place just in case something like that would happen, including not fitting any of the ARCs with real weaponry. At least, not those at the show.

:JourneyDREAM: ...my top priority would be to track down this Tr’ak guy… can you assist me with that?
:EliDREAM: You will be notified as soon as he reports to work tomorrow, and he’ll be given time to talk to you personally.
:JourneyDREAM: And if he don’t report to work tomorrow?
:EliDREAM: Then you’ll probably have enough for a warrant to search his home, my lawyers will see to that. Now, any more questions?
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… not right now, no…
:EliDREAM: Then I’ll take my leave… … …here, in case you need more information.

[Contact Added!]
:EliDREAM: [Eli Nefir, Female Human, Local CEO of Sol Corp and owner of 45% of New Horizon.]

:EliDREAM: I do hope you have good news the next time we see each other. Good luck, Journey.
:JourneyDREAM: Goodbye, Miss. Nefir.
:EliDREAM: Please, call me Eli. Shut down t- *Bzzt!*
:JourneyDREAM: …well, call me Jo… wait, she owns how much!?
>>
No. 611246 ID: 65a774
File 141851312415.png - (31.34KB , 900x450 , 55.png )
611246

>This has become very suspicious..And very moviesque.
Murder, Terrorist groups, bomb threats, meeting what’s probably the most powerful person on the whole platform in “person”… you wished for excitement when you moved here, but you didn’t think this would happen. Well, you know what they say… be careful for what you wish for, or you’ll end up in a bad b-movie.
>Sighhhhhh, we're gonna have to watch that damn porn now.
>Xenophilliac BTL adventures is go!
You consider watching the BTLs you retrieved earlier today… but your sense of taste overtakes your curiosity. You rather talk to this Tr’ak guy first and so you at least know what you’ll be looking for. … … …but it would be quite interesting to try out a Female Hiver body, even if was a… and the new “tools”… and alien ways of mating and… err… yeah…

But enough about work already, you’re off the clock after all! First thing first, a spin in the Hydro Chamber… feeling the warm water trash trough your body, feeling it meld into your Cin body, dancing with your real body… it’s bliss…
>>
No. 611247 ID: 65a774
File 141851313851.png - (30.94KB , 900x450 , 56.png )
611247

After reassembling yourself as a clean and pure Cibic again, you cast a quick glance at the clock and notice that you got nearly exactly two hours before the welcome party will begin. You’ll need to take some time to eat dinner later but it’s still a bit early to start cooking something up witch mean you have at least one and a half hour to kill. Maybe you should just take it easy for a while… take a nap, maybe read some Throne of games… or you should continue exploring the level you live on. After all, you still got some shops and that park left unvisited. You’re also considering maybe finding one of your new friends to hang out with a while… or… or… um… maybe watch those porn BTLs… for work, of course. Hey, wait, you almost forgot that you rented that space BTL too… and… hmm… you got the feeling that you’re forgetting something else too…
>>
No. 611273 ID: dbe554

Well the BTL's sound fun, I mean a nice romp through the space sounds like an interesting trip and well...Ah...The others sound like some sort of interesting trip as well! Becoming a fully female hiver which is drastically different in form from your own body, to go from Cubic to a being far taller, far stronger, and with a hard carapace for a body would certainly provide some context between the species.
>>
No. 611290 ID: 6e79d4

Wait, we need to christen the house so it's truly ours.

Turn all the lights on, leave the water running, leave the refrigerator door open, and eat an entire thing of ice cream for dinner; do all the things your parents said you couldn't do as long as you lived under their roof.

Speaking of which, you might want to call home.
>>
No. 611292 ID: 687279

>>611247
Skip on the porn for now. Knowing what to look for is very important, since there are a lot of distractions involved in those BTLs. ...I wasn't aware the porn involved you taking the place of one of the participants. Now I really feel weird about it.

>forgetting something
God damn it. Time to review what's happened so far.
>>
No. 611308 ID: ea0ad9

>Time to review what's happened so far.
Actually, I think it's the clothes. The other species seem to not like when a person walks around without any clothing, so may as well put them on now before forgetting.

As for which BTL to go for, I say check out the space one. It's been a fairly hectic day, and that ought to be a good way to wind down.
>>
No. 611320 ID: 687279

>>611308
Well, we could also maybe bring a few snacks for the party too.
>>
No. 611563 ID: 825af6

Er, is it you forgot to put the lid down on the waste disposal facility before putting your clothes on it? Granted it most likely has not been used in a long, long time, but still, "ew." But that's probably not it, so was it you forgot to put your clothes on? No? Oh, you forget to call Embracer and ask it if it'd care to come to the little impromptu neighborhood newcomer welcome party for you and Shilse; Better do that now. But that's not what you thought you forgot, is it? Ah, is it you forgot that Vitus offered to cook some traditional Sakkilian recipes for you, meaning you could ask to go to his place for dinner? Is that it? Well, if you're not sure that's what you think you forgot then ask PAC to help you go over what's happened today to figure it out.

Forget about using those BTLs for now; You can use them later. What you can't let pass is an opportunity to be a friend to Vitus 'cause he needs someone to be one for him right now. And it doesn't matter if he has romantic intentions towards you or not; If he does you can deal with those later. Right now call up Vitus and ask to come over to his place until it's time to go to the party. He can cook up a traditional Sakkil dinner while you watch and both share that Hiver wine. And he likes a good book so bring your copy of Throne of Games to talk with him about.

You can put off using that SPACE BTL until you climb into your hibernation sphere to go to sleep. If you pop it in then you can drift off to sleep while watching the simulated stars. That'll be about as close as you'll get here to how you used to fall asleep while watching the night sky back on your homeworld.

Now that you think about it, you wonder what it'd be like to use a BTL that was recorded from a S.A.I., if that's even possible. The experience would really vary depending on what kind of body and how many senses and sensors the SAI had... Hm... Aren't there S.A.I. out there who's bodies are actually whole spaceships? A BTL recorded from one of them would be one you'd be quite interested in trying out 'cause it'd be like flying through space.

Considering that if, and it's a big "if," Tr'ak modified those porn BTLs, he would have made the changes subtle in case anybody else rented them in the two days after he took them back. It'd be something you'd have to know to look for, or a combination of actions that a normal user would never do, or he could have even altered the module interface software so what he hid would only reveal itself to a specific person or persons. All that together means that when you do use them you're almost certainly not going to see what he hid in them, if he hid anything in them at all.

And now that you think about it, aren't BTLs read-only and unmodifiable specifically to prevent tampering that could be harmful? And they're "burned" in BTL writers, and those writers are legally restricted and very hard to get ahold of, aren't they? There's basically zero chance Tr'ak could have modified the contents of these BTLs, and next to no chance he could have made undetectable modified copies of them. That is, unless... Is only the BTL sim data read-only and the section of the BTL that contains the module interface software rewritable to allow for interface software updates? If it is then he could have hidden data in that rewritable section in such a way that it was masked from a normal check. And since that section contains much, much less data then the sim data portion, your PAC should be able to check that quickly, if you had known-unmodified versions of the BTLs.

But if that's not the case, you do have one new option to check the data in these BTLs to make sure they weren't altered: Eli. She undoubtedly has the resources at her disposal to have them compared bit-by-bit against known-clean copies much, much faster then your lone PAC could, so message her to ask for her help on this.

>[Eli Nefir, Female Human, Local CEO of Sol Corp and owner of 45% of New Horizon.]
>…well, call me Jo… wait, she owns how much!?
Um... Maybe she was exaggerating? Ask PAC to confirm just how much of New Horizon Eli owns, and while it's at it list the properties she owns on this level; Maybe it'll turn out she owns your apartment.
>>
No. 611616 ID: 65a774
File 141857806972.png - (27.68KB , 900x450 , 57.png )
611616

>Err, is it you forgot to put the lid down on the waste disposal facility before putting your clothes on it?
For a second you believe you might have just dumped your clothes into a bowl of water, but luckily you did remember to put the lid down on the waste disposer. Clearly, you need to get your eyesight checked.
>Was it you forgot to put your clothes on?
You’re not so primitive that you walk around without clothes on a regular basis, geez.
>Oh, you forget to call Embracer and ask it if it'd care to come to the little impromptu neighborhood newcomer welcome party for you and Shilse; Better do that now.
Oh, right, that’s it! You need to call Harmony!

:EohDREAM: ‘the frack do you want, Jo?
:JourneyDREAM: Hey, some of the people here on level T is throwing together a game night as a welcoming party to me tonight. Want to come?
:EohDREAM: …eh, why not? Where and when?
:JourneyDREAM: 14T at six… oh, and can you dial down on the swearing a bit?
:EohDREAM: …fine, if you really want me too. But I’ll see you there, taffer.
:JourneyDREAM: Bye Embracer.


>Wait, we need to christen the house so it's truly ours.
Making this place feel more like home would be appreciated, yes, but how?
>Turn all the lights on, leave the water running, leave the refrigerator door open, and eat an entire thing of ice cream for dinner; do all the things your parents said you couldn't do as long as you lived under their roof.
…all the lights are automatic, both the fridge and water outlets close themselves automatically after a while and you rather not get a tummy ache right before a party. Besides, this isn’t your first apartment. You’ve already been living alone for the last seven years after all.
>Speaking of which, you might want to call home.
Sadly, you don’t have the technology to send instant messages that far across space. Instead, you opt to take a few minutes to write them a holomail telling them you’re alright and everything is nice and tidy here. If everything goes at it should be they will get it in an hour or two.
>Well, we could also maybe bring a few snacks for the party too.
At the same time, you make a quick stop at the nearby kiosk and buy some Cibic snacks and sodas for fifty creds.


>Well the BTL's sound fun, I mean a nice romp through the space sounds like an interesting trip.
Indeed, the space BTL is the one you’ve been looking forward the most to try.
>You can put off using that SPACE BTL until you climb into your hibernation sphere to go to sleep. If you pop it in then you can drift off to sleep while watching the simulated stars.
…but, it would be perfect to play it before you fell asleep instead, wouldn’t it?
>And well...Ah...The others sound like some sort of interesting trip as well! Becoming a fully female hiver which is drastically different in form from your own body, to go from Cubic to a being far taller, far stronger, and with a hard carapace for a body would certainly provide some context between the species.
Being another species does sound exiting, doesn’t it? While mating like this itself would also be exiting to experience, you’re still considering starting a bit… smaller then fetish porn BTLs.
>Now that you think about it, you wonder what it'd be like to use a BTL that was recorded from a S.A.I., if that's even possible.
…you should remember to ask Embracer if S.A.I can record BTLs at the party.

>Aren't BTLs read-only and unmodifiable specifically to prevent tampering that could be harmful? And they're "burned" in BTL writers, and those writers are legally restricted and very hard to get ahold of, aren't they?
:PACDREAM: Most of the BTLs data is read-only. There are some data that changes depending on action in the BTL, mostly saved data and the like. While it’s practically impossible to change the BTL itself, it’s possible to hide information, like text and images, in one if you knew where this data was and had the tools to access it.
:JourneyDREAM: So… can you scan for it?
:PACDREAM: I do not have the necessary tools to quickly find the data that’s not read-only, so it will take just as much time to scan for it as before.
>You do have one new option to check the data in these BTLs to make sure they weren't altered: Eli. She undoubtedly has the resources at her disposal to have them compared bit-by-bit against known-clean copies much, much faster than your lone PAC could, so message her to ask for her help on this.
:PACDREAM: We are sorry, but we cannot allow you to ask someone not employed by the state to scan these BTLs on that level. That would be illegal under the law-
:JourneyDREAM: Wait, so who can legally scan these?
:PACDREAM: At the moment? Only peacekeeper personal can scan them with the necessary precision required.
>Ask PAC to confirm just how much of New Horizon Eli owns, and while it's at it list the properties she owns on this level; Maybe it'll turn out she owns your apartment.
:PACDREAM: The local Sol Corp owns 45% of New Horizon, and as Eli owns a majority shares of the local branch of Sol Corp, she technically owns 45% of the station. For example, she owns nearly every shop, bar and café in this spire. One exception is the BTL rental store which is technically not privately owned and the art galleries which are owned by the state.

>you can't let pass is an opportunity to be a friend to Vitus 'cause he needs someone to be one for him right now. And it doesn't matter if he has romantic intentions towards you or not; If he does you can deal with those later.
Vitus needs someone to be there for him, yes. The awkwardness that will arise if he actually got feelings for you will simply have to be endured.
>Right now call up Vitus and ask to come over to his place until it's time to go to the party. He can cook up a traditional Sakkil dinner while you watch and both share that Hiver wine.



:PACDREAM: We’re sorry, but Vitus doesn’t seem to want to answer the comm at this moment. He got it put on busy.
:JourneyDREAM: Busy? With what?
:PACDREAM: We can’t say. But, as he lives just right across the hall from you, you should always ask in person? His apartment is currently occupied by someone.
:JourneyDREAM: Well then, ring the doorbell and I’ll head over in a second.
*Pling!*



*Pling!*

:PACDREAM: It doesn’t seem like Vitus wants to answer the door either at the moment… the door is unlocked if you really want to talk with him right now.
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm…
>>
No. 611629 ID: 687279

>>611616
He's probably watching a BTL. Best not to disturb him.
>>
No. 611632 ID: dbe554

With the door unlocked? is that common here to leave your door unlocked the entire time? It might be best just to check up on him at least.
>>
No. 611635 ID: 687279

...why IS the murder rate so low anyway?
>>
No. 611643 ID: ea0ad9

Victus has somebody over, is put on busy, and yet the door is unlocked? That's a bit worrying, normally a person who puts their implants on busy will also lock their doors.
PAC, are we really permitted to just enter like this?
>>
No. 611646 ID: 687279

>>611643
>somebody over
"occupied by someone" could be Vitus.
>>
No. 611649 ID: 9ddf68

maybe just crack the door open and call out to him and ask if he's alright and if you can come in. If he doesn't answer or if it's one of those damn doors that just slides open all the way look into his apartment but maybe not go in

>she owns nearly every shop, bar and café in this spire. One exception is the BTL rental store which is technically not privately owned and the art galleries which are owned by the state.
Ok so maybe K55P did wright art, since the only places that Eli doesn't have her fingers in is the art museum and the BTL so if someone from inside wanted to try and sneak something out it would probably be easier from one of those two locations.
>>
No. 611657 ID: 825af6

Unlocked? That seems rather unusual, even with the low crime rate around here. And Vitus must have intentionally unlocked it 'cause these doors auto-lock unless set otherwise, right? But maybe Vitus leaves his door unlocked all the time or when he's home. Don't suppose you can pull up the door lock logs to check if this is normal, could you?

Okay, so what scenarios can you think of where Vitus is both not taking calls and isn't answering the door to his apartment? Off the top of your head he could be in the shower, taking a nap, doing some cooking thing that he can't leave alone, listening to loud music and can't hear the doorbell, in a BTL sim or just doesn't want to answer the door 'cause he wants to be left alone right now. However, don't these doorbells not only "pling" out loud but also to the occupant's comm implant? And don't they have an intercom thing on the entry door that allows an occupant to use their comm implant to tell who's ringing if they're indisposed and can't get to the door or don't want to answer it?

One other scenario can think of is that Vitus is currently out and the occupant isn't him and whoever it is is either there with his consent or not; Maybe a petty burglar took advantage of him leaving his door unlocked? But another, seemingly more likely situation, is that Vitus either didn't take the prospect of going to a party well or felt you not agreeing to spending the evening with him was a rejection, crawled into that bottle of Hiver wine and is currently passed out drunk. Or it could be something unrelated but serious, like him being injured or knocked out, though if that was the case his implants would detect that and automatically call for help, wouldn't they?

Alright, enough speculating. You're not going to know if Vitus is alright or not from out here. Open the door to his apartment and if you can't see him then call out to him. Do you know how soundproof the apartment's interior doors are? 'Cause if they're soundproof the point he wouldn't even be able to hear you shouting as loud as you can then you'll have to step inside to check if he's okay. But first check with PAC the legality of you entering. If it's not an automatic tresspassing charge and Vitus would have to press charges against you then enter since he's unlikely to do so if you explain you entered 'cause you were worried. Also, don't stand right in the middle of the interior doors when you open them 'cause Vitus might be doing something private he doesn't want others to see; Instead stand to the side and call into each room to check for him.

>At the moment? Only peacekeeper personal can scan them with the necessary precision required.
What about if Eli loaned the Peacekeepers equipment that would speed up the scan for use on this particular case and it was operated by just Peacekeeper personnel? Would that be acceptable?

Actually, maybe you should just pass on messing with those BTLs until you have a solid reason to do so. It's probably the case Tr'ak just wanted to rent some porn BTLs for the first time but didn't want to be seen doing so on his level so came down here. That'd explain why he was so nervous and grabbed the first three he could out of the "BTL of the day" bin at Embracer's. And then he lost his nerve to use them, or they weren't to his liking, and he brought them back the next day, only to get his nerve back two days later and sent the K55P to get them. Yeah, that sounds like a plausible scenario.

>…you should remember to ask Embracer if S.A.I can record BTLs at the party.
And not just S.A.I.s. Ask if BTLs can be recorded from non-sapient species. It'd be quite interesting to experience flight as a bird or swimming as a fish, wouldn't it?
>>
No. 611676 ID: 65a774
File 141859059321.png - (31.13KB , 900x450 , 58.png )
611676

>What about if Eli loaned the Peacekeepers equipment that would speed up the scan for use on this particular case and it was operated by just Peacekeeper personnel? Would that be acceptable?
:PACDREAM: Peacekeeper equipment is not allowed to be ”loaned” to anyone for any reason. And the whole problem is that peacekeeper currently doesn’t have the personnel to properly scan these BTLs at the moment.

>Is that common here to leave your door unlocked the entire time? It might be best just to check up on him at least.
You know that your parents usually left the door unlocked to your house when you were small while people where home, but so far all apartments you’ve been too had had automatic locks.
>Vitus must have intentionally unlocked it 'cause these doors auto-lock unless set otherwise, right?
Your apartment got auto-lock, so his should too.
>Don't suppose you can pull up the door lock logs to check if this is normal, could you?
:PACDREAM: You are not a police officer at the moment, Jo.

>...why IS the murder rate so low anyway?
That’s… a very good question actually. You know that the murder rate is low in Uredo space too but everywhere else outside the unity the crime rate in general is quite a bit higher. You’re guessing it’s got something to do with the local politics, culture and/or peace keeper forces efficiency or something… and… err… and those uredo implants they demand you take, those that reduce aggression and the will to use violence might help too.
>PAC, are we really permitted to just enter like this?
:PACDREAM: As an officer, no. As a friend, yes. …you’re not on the clock right now, Jo.
>However, don't these doorbells not only "pling" out loud but also to the occupant's comm implant?
:PACDREAM: They do not connect directly to your comm, but instead to the apartments loudspeakers. It will also state the name of the individual that are ringing the doorbell if capable and ask to either turn them away, let them in, send them a message or do nothing.

>A seemingly likely situation is that Vitus either didn't take the prospect of going to a party well or felt you not agreeing to spending the evening with him was a rejection, crawled into that bottle of Hiver wine and is currently passed out drunk.
…oh, fungal bloom… that’s bad, isn’t it? If that’s the case you can’t help but blame yourself, now can you?
>Or it could be something unrelated but serious, like him being injured or knocked out, though if that was the case his implants would detect that and automatically call for help, wouldn't they?
Any injuries that are either life threatening or have a chance to become permanent would be reported to the nearest hospital immediately.

>Maybe just crack the door open and call out to him and ask if he's alright and if you can come in.
Right… you’re just going to open the door a little bit so you can ask if-
*Swoosh!*
:CkskDREAM: -and just sign here, here and here and the inheritance will be yours.
:VitusDREAM: Joana?
:JourneyDREAM: Oh, right… these doors always open fully… wops?
>>
No. 611682 ID: dbe554

Ah....Awkward!

Don't panic, just politely mention you attempted to call him and his door was unlocked, and you wanted to check in on him as a result, simple enough!
>>
No. 611686 ID: 687279

Apologize and go. Later ask him if his doorbell isn't working right.
>>
No. 611689 ID: 9ddf68

Sorry, tried calling you earlier but couldn't reach you, so I came by to see if you're ok. Didn't mean to interrupt anything so I can just wait out in the hall if you want.
>>
No. 611693 ID: daf5f6

>>611689
>>611686
>>611682
yes yes yes and when you're done with all that don't forget to Praise the cactus
>>
No. 611695 ID: 65a774
File 141859405977.png - (30.99KB , 900x450 , 59.png )
611695

>Praise the cactus!
{The almighty cactus god, LORD OF SPINES!, demands virgin sacrifices or you will feel his mighty wrath of spiny DOOM!!! }

:JourneyDREAM: I-I… I’m sorry, I didn’t mean too… I called earlier and… the door was unlocked and… err… I’ll just leave you two be.
:VitusDREAM: No, wait, Joana! I was just about to let you in… err… I just had to finish this… err… paperwork.
:CkskDREAM: Well, it seems everything is in order, Mr Mort. You have my sincerest sympathy of what happened. Oh, and it’s nice to meet you too again, Miss Song of the Journey. I guess that concludes our business here, Vitus?
:VitusDREAM: err... yes, yes it does, doesn’t it? Um… I… err… so… um… Joana… w-what brings you h-here?
:CkskDREAM: Let me just gather the papers and I’ll leave momentarily.
>>
No. 611699 ID: 60700b

>>611695
Wait, again?
>>
No. 611702 ID: 6e79d4

>Only peacekeeper personal can scan them with the necessary precision required.
can we deputize people?
>and those uredo implants they demand you take, those that reduce aggression and the will to use violence might help too.
good god Bernard, do you all use Soma all the time too?

>>611699
He gave us his card.

Oh man I'm sorry, this has got to be the third time I've barged in on someone. Um, well since it's going to be like a few hours until the party starts, I wondered if it was too late to take you up on your offer earlier?
>>
No. 611703 ID: 687279

>>611695
Tell him you've got some time to kill before the party and was wondering if he was available to hang out for a bit? Maybe sample some of his cooking?
>>
No. 611708 ID: 60700b

>>611702
Oops.
>>611695
Offer condolences, then ask if it would be too soon to ask what happened.
>>
No. 611713 ID: daf5f6

>demands virgin sacrifices
Will you accept fat neck-beards?

>>611703
I say we go with this, us showing up to his apartment such a short time after he tried to invite us around is already sending him mixed signals but if we start saying that we came because we were worried about him he may take it the wrong way in one of two directions.
Either he'll think we're pitying him or that we want him.
>>
No. 611716 ID: 9ddf68

well I felt kinda bad earlier when you called asking if I wanted to hang out only to kinda side swipe you with the party so I was wondering if you'd like to just hang out until the party starts?
>>
No. 611913 ID: ea0ad9

>so… um… Joana… w-what brings you h-here?
Uh, after you suddenly went quiet I guess I got worried... Actually, since there's a while before the party, I was wondering if we could hang out beforehand?
>>
No. 611988 ID: 65a774
File 141866302302.png - (31.07KB , 900x450 , 60.png )
611988

>Will you accept fat neck-beards as virgin sacrifices?
{That would be like giving water to a lake… or rocks to a rock pile.}

>can we deputize people?
:PACDREAM: No.
:JourneyDREAM: Aw…
>Good god Bernard, do you all use Soma all the time too?
While you have been skeptical about these implants before, you’ve had them your whole life and haven’t notice any real drawbacks. Of course, it’s hard to tell as the Cibic species have had implants like these for several generations now.

:JourneyDREAM: I’m… err… I have two hours to kill before the party and I wanted to ask if you were available to hang out with a bit?
:VitusDREAM: Huh? Oh, of course I have time for you, cut- err… Joana. I was thinking about playing a BTL about being a space ship captain but… err… that can wait to later, right?
:CkskDREAM: Am I jumping to conclusions when I conclude this party you mentioned was the one Cib just invited me too?
:JourneyDREAM: Yeah, that’s the one.
:CkskDREAM: Well then, while I bid you goodbye at this juncture, we will meet again at Shui’s place for some socialization later.
:JourneyDREAM: See you there, Cksk.
:VitusDREAM: Yeah, bye… and thanks for everything.
:CkskDREAM: I’m just fulfilling the duty you paid for, Vitus. It’s been a pleasure seeing both of you.

:JourneyDREAM: …does he always talk so… formal?
:VitusDREAM: Yeah… you’ll get used to it in time, don’t worry.
:JourneyDREAM: Oh, and I’m terribly sorry that I barged in like that… it’s like the third time today I’ve done something like that…
:VitusDREAM: Don’t sweat it, we were just done with the… um… things we were doing, yeah…
:JourneyDREAM: …I heard something about an inheritance? You have my condolences for anything that happened but… um… is it alright if I ask… err…
:VitusDREAM: I rather not talk about it.
:JourneyDREAM: Then I will not press further. Oh, and hey, it’s almost dinner time, right?
:VitusDREAM: Err… yeah?
:JourneyDREAM: You did promise me to show of some Sakkilian recipes, remember?
:VitusDREAM: Oh, right… I did, didn’t I? Well, alright… I think I got everything that can’t be synthed here directly for a tasty Cactus casserole. It’s not the most… um… “elegant” meal, but it’s tasty.
:JourneyDREAM: Hey, I wasn’t expecting a five star restaurant here, don’t worry. I’m sure it will be delicious. …and Cactus? It sounds like some kind of very dumb and slow animal…
:VitusDREAM: It’s a plant… like the one right here behind me.
:JourneyDREAM: Ah, those spiny things! I was wondering what those things were… I got one in my apartment too, you know.
:VitusDREAM: Yeah, they gift a small one to people who move in for some reason.
:JourneyDREAM: And odd gift…

:VitusDREAM: Oh, hey… do you like my “new” clothes?
:JourneyDREAM: Oh? They are nice, yeah.
:VitusDREAM: I took what you said in consideration, and I have to agree. The red was kind of blending in with my scales. Oh, and speaking of clothes, you’re looking gorgeous outside your uniform.
:JourneyDREAM: Really?
:VitusDREAM: Yeah, the purple really brings out your beautiful eyestalk… and the green really fit with the blue of your outer body… it makes it look like a sprinkling stream when it catches the sunlight just rrrrrrrrrr… … …I went on a bit hard on the compliments there, didn’t I?
:JourneyDREAM: A bit, yeah…
>>
No. 611991 ID: dbe554

I spy a bunch of pictures of potential family on the wall. Also that's pretty flattering, if a bit much early on. Take it in stride, it's not everyday someone compliments you that far.

Though it's quite obvious by now he has an attraction to you, though I hope it's more "Stunned by your everlasting beauty" and less "Person who desperately needs affection after a painful crisis"

Also his clothes do look very spiffy, black on red works quite well actually, makes the red stand out and looks less like a camouflage, though ask him about the desert behind them, is it something about Sakkils homeworld?
>>
No. 612009 ID: 9ddf68

I notice he set his "window" to desert, is there a story behind that or is it simply something from his home world? Also I'm not quite sure if we've asked yet but how long has Vitus been living here? also let's ask questions as he's cooking.
>>
No. 612027 ID: ea0ad9

>Yeah, they gift a small one to people who move in for some reason.
Are cacti perhaps the "town flower" for this tower--the "Tower flower?" They do seem to sprout flowers...
>…I went on a bit hard on the compliments there, didn’t I?
Yeah, he definitely has some feelings. Still, as long as he doesn't try to rush things, then there shouldn't be a problem.
>>
No. 612035 ID: 687279

>>611988
You should probably tell him your perspective of the beauty of other species is a bit underdeveloped right now. You're not ready to consider dating anyone that's not a Cibic. Maybe later? Or maybe not at all, he shouldn't get his hopes up.
>>
No. 612117 ID: ea0ad9

>>612035
Nooo don't go breaking his heart. I'd say don't say anything along the line of not being ready, but if we must, then something like "I'm not sure how much of a relationship I'm really ready for just now, but I would certainly appreciate being a companion" would be much better.
>>
No. 612122 ID: 6e79d4

>{That would be like giving water to a lake… or rocks to a rock pile.}
Or skulls for the skull throne?

So I guess the view is of home?
>>
No. 612126 ID: a0f3a9

>>612117
I agree, don't just dismiss him out of hand. He's adorable!
>>
No. 612403 ID: 687279

...there's also the fact that he's very emotionally vulnerable still from his loss and it's probably not a good time for him to be considering a new romantic relationship.
>>
No. 612415 ID: ea0ad9

>>612403
Fine, if he brings it up, we can say that bit about not being ready for a relationship ourself and preferring to have a companion.
A companion in this context being a friend who's really close and always there for you.
>>
No. 612543 ID: 330ce5

So that is a small cactus (god), wonder what the big ones look like. Anyway you came here to cook and eat, ask if you can help prepare the food or watch him cook.
>>
No. 612632 ID: ea0ad9

>>612543
He was saying they give you a small one, which is the sort he's got on the table. The large one IS a big one.
>>
No. 612733 ID: 65a774
File 141883942916.png - (30.92KB , 900x450 , 61.png )
612733

>Or skulls for the skull throne?
{Skulls are at least nice to look at… and the mighty cornflakes god isn’t made out of skulls!}

>That's pretty flattering, if a bit much early on. Take it in stride, it's not everyday someone compliments you that far.
Well, being told you’re like a sprinkling stream is good on your self-esteem at least… and damn right your eyestalk is beautiful!
>Though it's quite obvious by now he has an attraction to you, though I hope it's more "Stunned by your everlasting beauty" and less "Person who desperately needs affection after a painful crisis".
You consider the possible consequences of some your possible actions at the moment, and you realize you might want to proceed with caution. PAC did warn you that he would be emotional.
>He's adorable!
While you’re not physically attracted to him, Vitus is kind of cute in the way he acts, isn’t he?

:JourneyDREAM: You quite clearly have a bit of attraction toward me, don’t you?
:VitusDREAM: Well… err… heh… when you mention it… yeah, you’re kind of cute… um…
:JourneyDREAM: I… um… personally, I… let’s just say my perspective of the beauty of the other species are a bit… underdeveloped.
:VitusDREAM: … … …oh, you’re not… I… of course you’re not a xenophile too… I…
:JourneyDREAM: Currently, no… sorry…
:VitusDREAM: No, it’s… actually, thank you… for being so forward. …besides, it’s properly for the best. I shouldn’t really rush into a relationship after having lost so many- I mean… err… we are still friends, right?
:JourneyDREAM: Of course! Why wouldn’t we be?

:JourneyDREAM: Oh, and I have to say that your clothes look really spiffy. The black on red works great!
:VitusDREAM: Thanks… personally, I like these more than the red ones, really.
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… I can’t seem to escape noticing that you got a bit of a desert theme going on here… that artificial window… what does it depict?
:VitusDREAM: That’s from my home world… taken near the city I lived in.
:JourneyDREAM: Oh, right… the Sakkil home world is a bit arid and dry, isn’t it?
:VitusDREAM: Extremely so. Most of it is desert.
:JournyeDREAM: And these pictures… are they of-
:VitusDREAM: They are family, yes, and I d-don’t want to talk a-about them right now.
:JourneyDREAM: Oh, sorry… err… so… are these cacti this towers official flowers?
:VitusDREAM: Err… no, the “tower flowers” of Tranquility spire are all those mushrooms. I think whoever furnishes the apartments on these levels down here just likes cacti for some reason.

:JourneyDREAM: So… speaking of cacti, can I help you prepare the food?
:VitusDREAM: Err… sure? I guess? It’s just… isn’t it a bit early to start cooking something right now?
:JourneyDREAM: Maybe you’re right… so… err…
:VitusDREAM: Um… I… I wasn’t actually prepared for someone coming over right now so I’m a bit… um… well, I was planning playing a BTL… it’s based on an old human tv-series or something… about space travel and stuff… I think you can play it with several people at once?
:JourneyDREAM: A human tv-series?
:VitusDREAM: Yeah… apparently rather old too, but that’s humans for you. They really know how to mass produce culture… oh, speaking of tv I guess we can watch a movie or something for a while?...or play a game or two… um… or… I don’t know… visit the park? It’s quiet calm there at this time.
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… everything sound like a possible good time…
:VitusDREAM: Or we can just… um… hang out and t-talk? I guess?
>>
No. 612735 ID: 687279

>>612733
Let's do the SPAAAACE travel BTL.
>>
No. 612738 ID: dbe554

How does a BTL work with multiple people? Though might as well accept, it's about SPAAAACE!
>>
No. 612740 ID: ea0ad9

Experiencing the BTL together does sound like it may be fun.
>>
No. 612746 ID: 9ddf68

Well the BTL sounds like fun. Plus it's in SPAAAAAACE, whats not to like?
>>
No. 612780 ID: b9f0e3

>the mighty cornflakes god isn’t made out of skulls!
No, but he does like to collect them and make them into tiny chairs for his pet gerbils.

>>612740
Why not BTL is go.
>>
No. 612842 ID: 330ce5

SPACE adventures in SPACE with plenty of SPACE to explore and see the wonders of SPAAACE.
Yeah a BTL sounds ok.
>>
No. 612887 ID: 825af6

Oh, you didn't know that BTL sims could be multi-player; This opens up all kinds of intriguing and exciting possibilities for their use in your mind.

Well, since Vitus already had plans to play this BTL it'd be rude to interrupt them, wouldn't it? You're up for sharing it, though hardware-wise you don't know how that works; Embracer said the BTL module slots into your own neural implant port, so how does it work with multiple people?

Tell Vitus that this is actually going to be your first time ever using a BTL and you're a bit excited about it. The prospect of experiencing just physically being another species has you intrigued. You hope he won't mind if once you get in there you spend like five or ten minutes taking in the experience of it, walking on legs and seeing with more than one eye and all that. Oh, maybe they updated it from the old TV series and there's a Hiver female character you could choose to be instead of a human; That'd fulfill your interest in experiencing being one without using that porn BTL.

Ask Vitus why he rented this particular BTL. Is it 'cause he enjoys old human science fiction or being a fictional spaceship captain or what?

Offer to lend that "Tour Around the Roon System" BTL you rented to Vitus tomorrow if he'd like to try a rather more sedate and non-fictional space BTL.

Hey, didn't PAC's info-scan on Vitus show he's being heavily medicated for his depression? Doesn't that mean he shouldn't be drinking alcohol at all since it can have a bad reaction with psychiatric medication?
>>
No. 612927 ID: 65a774
File 141892670229.png - (30.56KB , 900x450 , 62.png )
612927

>Hey, didn't PAC's info-scan on Vitus show he's being heavily medicated for his depression? Doesn't that mean he shouldn't be drinking alcohol at all since it can have a bad reaction with psychiatric medication?
:PACDREAM: While he’s been advised to keep clear from major alcohol consumption, it won’t affect his current medical dosage.
>Oh, you didn't know that BTL sims could be multi-player; This opens up all kinds of intriguing and exciting possibilities for their use in your mind.
You can’t stop yourself from imagining all the grand adventures and experiences you can have with friends with these things! You should live your favorite movies as different character, play it as extremely realistic games or… or if those BTLs you have at home is multi-player enabled, think how much it would spice up… err… you decide to keep your mind out of the gutter for now.

>Let's do the SPAAAACE travel BTL.
>Though might as well accept, it's about SPAAAACE!
>Experiencing the BTL together does sound like it may be fun.
>Well the BTL sounds like fun. Plus it's in SPAAAAAACE, whats not to like?
>Why not BTL is go.
>SPACE adventures in SPACE with plenty of SPACE to explore and see the wonders of SPAAACE.
>SPAAAAACEEE!!!
:JourneyDREAM: SPAAACEE!!!!
:VitusDREAM: …what?
:JourneyDREAM: Err… I mean, that BTL sounds fun…
:VitusDREAM: Oh, it’s quite interesting, yeah.
:JourneyDREAM: So… why did you pick one about a human show? Do you like being a space captain?
:VitusDREAM: What’s not to like about being a space captain? …and to be honest, I used to watch this show when I was smaller too.
:JourneyDREAM: Really? Neat.

:JourneyDREAM: Oh, and… um… this will be my first time, just so you know.
:VitusDREAM: Really? That’s surprising… you just seemed like a person with this kind of experience.
:JourneyDREAM: So… err… can you help me a bit and guide me through it?
:VitusDREAM: Of course… don’t worry, it will be a gentle first ride.
:JourneyDREAM:
:VitusDREAM: …that was… err…
:JourneyDREAM: All of that sounded very…
:VitusDREAM: Wrong, yeah? Let’s… err… forget about those innuendos and… um… you’ve never played a BTL before?
:JourneyDREAM: No, never… how will this even work? I thought they were just for one person.
:VitusDREAM: You can connect the neural implants between people with these. That way you’ll experience the same thing I do.
:JourneyDREAM: Oh, sounds interesting… hey, if you want too I got this BTL called “Tour around the Roon system” if you want to play it together tomorrow.
:VitusDREAM: …aren’t that one of those space tours things? They are a bit…um… while beautiful, they are a bit dull for my tastes.
:JourneyDREAM: Hey! Space is awesome!
:VitusDREAM: Trust me, you’ll think less of it when you’ve been living in it for years, yeah?

:JourneyDREAM: So, how do we do this?
:VitusDREAM: Well, first, lie down on the bed here…
:JourneyDREAM: Right…
:VitusDREAM: Let me just remove some of my clothes so I can take out my… here… insert this into your slot.
:JourneyDREAM: …nght… it’s kind of big…
:VitusDREAM: Don’t worry, you’ll get used to it… now, let’s start off with a gentle and slow pace… I’ll just need to make sure all the options are right first… hey, who do you want to play as? There’s the c-
:JourneyDREAM: Is there a female Hiver as an option?
:VitusDREAM: Err… yeah, she’s the-
:JourneyDREAM: I want to play as her.
:VitusDREAM: …really? Female Hiver?
:JourneyDREAM: I want to be huge!
:VitusDREAM: Heh, fair enough. Right then, are you ready?
:JourneyDREAM: Do it already!
:VitusDREAM: Right, then I’ll start the ride.
>>
No. 612928 ID: 65a774
File 141892671666.png - (7.46KB , 900x450 , 63.png )
612928

And now a word from our sponsors!
Buy the new* and improved** manure rich*** soil**** from Sol Corp!
It’s good***** for all****** your Uredo plant’s needs!
♪ Only the sun can help you grow into a tree! Sol Corp!******* ♫

*: New if you’re from a hundred years ago!
**: If not compared with or old products.
***: Rich in non-manure products and chemicals.
****: Actual soil sold separately.
*****: Warning: might be lethal after prolonged use! This chemical blend is only legally sold in humans’ space and is considered a bioweapon everywhere else in the galaxy.
******: Not included any needs an Uredo has.
*******: This song will only work in Uredo languages and/or sign language.

>>
No. 612931 ID: 65a774
File 141892684539.png - (31.11KB , 900x450 , 64.png )
612931

:VitusDREAM: So… what did you think about your first time?
:JourneyDREAM: That was freaking amazing! Let’s do it again! I mean, did you see how huge I was!? I was huge!
:VitusDREAM: Heh…
:SysDREAM: You only have… 2 hours… left of your daily BTL run time.
:JourneyDREAM: …wait, what?
:VitusDREAM: Oh, right, they’ve put up a limit how much you can play these every day. That way people can’t waste away their whole lives with these things.
:JourneyDREAM: oh, that makes sense, I guess…
:VitusDREAM: And if we want to eat something before the party we don’t really have time to fool around one more time. Besides, this little guy needs a few minutes rest after a workout like that.
:JourneyDREAM: …really? I mean, I don’t think a BTL can really get tired, now can it?
:VitusDREAM: No, but it does get rather hot after a while. That’s why you can never have one of these things lying on something flammable, like a-
:AeliaDREAM: You know, Vitus, if I didn’t know any better I would say you’re gushing out all that innuendos on purpose.
:VitusDREAM: Huh, who- Aelia? How did you- ?
:AeliaDREAM: You left your door unlocked again, sweetie. Oh, and I brought some of my homemade cookies, I know how much you loves those!
:VitusDREAM: Err… thanks… but… um… can you please not just walk into my apartment like that?
:AeliaDREAM: But you love it when I come over, don’t you cutie? Now, tell me, who is that girl you got back there playing BTLs with?
:VitusDREAM: Err… well…
>>
No. 612934 ID: fef726

His mother? Grandmother? Random busy body?
>>
No. 612935 ID: 687279

>>612931
Go out and introduce yourself!
>>
No. 612936 ID: dbe554

Oh hey it's lizard boo..Aelia!

Greet the new lady, she's gonna be coming over to the party before.

Also question her about the mods...Also aren't they supposed to be Red?
>>
No. 612937 ID: ea0ad9

Lizard tits knows Victus? Small world tower.
Hello, Aelia! I am Song of Journey, but please, call me Jo, or Joana. Shui mentioned you, are you coming to the party later?
>>
No. 612976 ID: 9ddf68

walk out there and introduce yourself as song of the journey and say you're Vitus' new parol officer. Then come clean and talk. I'm kinda curious to why she came over, from the impression I got of Vitus was that he was a bit of a loner but she's the 2nd person not including yourself to walk in here now. Never knew that Vitus was such a social butterfly.
>>
No. 613050 ID: 330ce5

Warmly greet the lizard, she has cookies and as long as they aren't raisin you can trust a person with cookies.
>>
No. 613103 ID: ea0ad9

>>613050
Even if they DO have raisins, we aren't one to pass up a chance to try something new!
>>
No. 613179 ID: 65a774
File 141901393603.png - (31.72KB , 900x450 , 65.png )
613179

>She has cookies and as long as they aren't raisin you can trust a person with cookies.
Cookies are the universal language of trust, isn’t it? She got cookies; therefore she must be a good person! That’s the simplest logic there is! But… something is gnawing at the back of your mind… something wrong and twisted… something originating from the very depth of hell itself. Something you believe is called… raisins…

:JourneyDREAM: Hello! You’re Aelia right?
:AeliaDREAM: Indeed I am… and you must be the new tenant, ms…?
:JourneyDREAM: I’m song of the journey, but you can call me Jo or Joana.
:AeliaDREAM: Oh, Joana? That’s a pretty name. But, where are my manners! I need to properly welcome you!
:JourneyDREAM: Well, you-
:AeliaDREAM: With a large welcome hug! HUGS!!
:JourneyDREAM: -ack!
>>
No. 613180 ID: 65a774
File 141901394968.png - (31.21KB , 900x450 , 66.png )
613180

:AeliaDREAM: And I can’t forget my favorite little lizard either. Hugs!
:VitusDREAM: Y-yes, yes, hugs… Aelia, you know that some people don’t like getting hugged just out of the blue like that.
:AeliaDREAM: Nonsense, everyone loves hugs, cutie!

:JourneyDREAM: Hey, you’re coming to the party, right? The one at Shui’s place?
:AeliaDREAM: Of course I am, Joana, I can’t miss the opportunity to meet some new faces, can I? Oh, and Vitus is coming too, right? Can’t let grumpy here go there alone, now can I?
:VitusDREAM: …Grumpy?
:AeliaDREAM: Oh, you know how you’ve been the last month, all grumpy and pessimistic. Oh, I have to say, it’s so nice to see you in a good mood. It’s been awhile… is it because… her?
:VitusDREAM: …we’re not… um… she just a new friend, that’s all.
:AeliaDREAM: Of course she is…
:JourneyDREAM: I’m not really... err… dating outside my species at the moment, if that’s what you’re referring too.
:AeliaDREAM: Oh, that’s good… I mean to bad, you and Vitus would make an excellent couple, no? He’s such a cutie pie after all… all sweet and considerate…
:VitusDREAM: Aelia, p-please…

:JourneyDREAM: Speaking of grumpy here…
:VitusDREAM: Not you too…
:JourneyDREAM: I’ve gotten the impression Vitus was a bit of a loner, but so far he’s been rather sociable.
:AeliaDREAM: Oh, he usually is rather social. It’s just, after that horrible accident he’s been shutting himself in his apartment to sulk. If it wasn’t for me coming over to say hello he would have been all alone in here.
:JourneyDREAM: Then I’m guessing it’s a good thing I came over to hang out with him.
:AeliaDREAM: Just look how happy he is to meet someone new! He’s almost wiggling his cute little tail in excitement!
:JourneyDREAM: Heh, that’s an image I’ll remember.
:VitusDREAM: I’m standing right here, girls…

:JourneyDREAM: Um… if you don’t mind me asking… your mods?
:AeliaDREAM: Oh, do you like them? They are human breasts and human hair implants if you’re wondering.
:JourneyDREAM: So… you want to be a human?
:AeliaDREAM: Not exactly… it’s just, they look so nice, don’t they? And this chest seems to be driving most males from any species wild. It’s odd, really, I mean, I’m pretty sure most species shouldn’t even have a reaction to these things, but still… I’ve seen everything from Hiver boys to Serpens Ovales falling over themselves to ask me out since I got them… hmmm…

…Looking at that bouncing bosom, watching as they rise and fall like an mighty empire, you can’t shake the feeling that you just want to nuzzle in between them and settle down for life… except you were able to shake that feeling off, mostly because you got hungry instead. You never did eat a proper lunch, now did you?
>>
No. 613187 ID: 9ddf68

oh god she's a match maker. I have a feeling that she isn't going to let the "you and Vitus look cute together" idea go anytime soon. If it starts becoming a problem maybe introduce her to Shilse since Shilse want's to be hooked up with everyone.
>>
No. 613195 ID: 687279

>>613180
That does sound strange. Has anyone done a study on it? What percentage of non-humans have a fascination with boobs?
>>
No. 613196 ID: dbe554

It might be that human boobs are a universal sign down to a biological showing of a healthy attractive female...But then every other race doesn't really have boobs.

Maybe it's just that Boobs are exotic and make females stand out because of the fact humans like to apparently mate with anything that they can get their hands on, thus showing they are available? Hmmmm, interspecies study needs more work.
>>
No. 613198 ID: a0f3a9

>>613187
Hell, i don't plan on letting the "you and Vitus look cute together" idea go anytime soon...

Also if you're hungry maybe you could ask if you could help Vitus with that meal he was gonna make.
>>
No. 613199 ID: 157729

Part of me wonders if her personality has anything to do with it, like if she might have to turn away her lovers but I bet she brightens their day a bit in the end.
>>
No. 613205 ID: ea0ad9

>oh god she's a match maker. I have a feeling that she isn't going to let the "you and Vitus look cute together" idea go anytime soon.
Before she said that, she said,
>Oh, that’s good… I mean to bad,
I think she's attracted to him, and isn't playing matchmaker, but is just trying to hide the fact. Not sure if she's hiding it from him or because of him. Possible that he turned her down.
>It’s odd, really, I mean, I’m pretty sure most species shouldn’t even have a reaction to these things, but still…
It's likely the idea of having something, uh, soft, I guess? I mean, people would probably be drawn to us Cibic if they weren't freaked out by the whole see-through thing.
>>
No. 613213 ID: 65a774
File 141903171368.png - (31.47KB , 900x450 , 67.png )
613213

>That does sound strange. Has anyone done a study on it? What percentage of non-humans have a fascination with boobs?
Hmm, there’s probably some kind of scientific text out there explaining this strange fascination of human bosoms. Maybe you should do some research on your own?
>Maybe it's just that Boobs are exotic and make females stand out because of the fact humans like to apparently mate with anything that they can get their hands on, thus showing they are available?
As humans are the only species with those kinds of curves, it’s possible it’s seen as exotic by other species. This is a multi-species platform after all, so there’s bound to be many Xenophiles who’ve moved here.

>Part of me wonders if her personality has anything to do with it, like if she might have to turn away her lovers but I bet she brightens their day a bit in the end.
...you can’t help to question yourself if you meant that she’s nice to them or… “nice” to them with that statement.
>It's likely the idea of having something, uh, soft, I guess?
…Is it possible that breast makes great pillows? You need to research this query further…
>I mean, people would probably be drawn to us Cibic if they weren't freaked out by the whole see-through thing.
You’re pretty sure being transparent is one of the reasons aliens try to mate with you in the first place. Apparently being able to see yourself… err… finish is apparently quite popular around alien males… at least, that’s what you’ve heard…
>Oh god she's a match maker. I have a feeling that she isn't going to let the "you and Vitus look cute together" idea go anytime soon.
…her enthusiasm about Vitus finding someone cute should become problematic.
>I think she's attracted to him, and isn't playing matchmaker, but is just trying to hide the fact.
… … … …her enthusiasm about Vitus finding someone can get really fracking problematic.

:JourneyDREAM: Oh, hey, Vitus? I’m getting a bit peckish…
:VitusDREAM: Oh, right, the dinner! I’ll get right on that!
:JourneyDREAM: I want to help if you’ll let me.
:VitusDREAM: Oh, of course.
:AeliaDREAM: Is it Vitus famous home cooking I’m hearing about?
:VitusDREAM: Famous? I’m pretty sure the only ones who-
:AeliaDREAM: You don’t happened to have room for one more dinner guest? I really love sampling your food you know.
:VitusDREAM: I… err…
:AeliaDREAM: I did bake you those cookies, you know. I’m sure it will be fun, the three of us helping each other in the kitchen!
:VitusDREAM: …you’ve already invited yourself in, haven’t you? Fine, you can st-
:AeliaDREAM: Sweet. Now, what splendid dish are we cooking, beautiful?
:VitusDREAM: Cactus casserole, actually.
:AeliaDREAM: Oh, Cactus! That’s sound delicious! You know, to be honest, when I heard the word Cactus I thought it was some kind of fat, dumb and hairy animal from our home planet.
:JourneyDREAM: Me too, sister.
:VitusDREAM: Right this way, ladies, let’s head to the kitchen.

---One funny cooking montage later…---

:JourneyDREAM: Mm… it was delicious! I really need to get that recipe.
:VitusDREAM: Oh, thanks Joana. While simple, it does really bring out the right flavors, doesn’t it?
:AeliaDREAM: It’s was dish worthy of royalties!
:VitusDREAM: Geez, Aelia… thanks?
:AeliaDREAM: I’m just saying it was delicious.
:VitusDREAM: Well, you always found everything I do delicious…
:AeliaDREAM: Because everything you do is delicious, gorgeous!

You think the theory that Aelia here have feelings for Vitus might hold some water, as she’s been shooting daggers at you from her eyes ever since Vitus started complementing your assistance of his cooking. At least she’s not shooting real daggers from her eyes… err… lizard can’t do that, right? …RIGHT!?
>>
No. 613219 ID: dbe554

Either she's this friendly with everyone, or Vitus is really unable to comprehend that she has some major feelings for him, seriously it's thicker then the delicious cardboard outsides of a packaged meal.

Either that or he's a real xenophile and has no attraction to his species, though speaking of which how does one mate with a Cibic if their body is an acid, I mean if sticking a hand in one is bad how is..well, sticking other things in there not going to end badly.

Also they shouldn't be able to shoot daggers.. I mean if anything Hivers should be able to, their eyes are bigger, I think Sakkil might be able to shoot toothpicks however.
>>
No. 613258 ID: 9ddf68

well they're kind is heavily into cybernetics, so I'd be more worried about them shooting our laser beams. So since we're all here ask Aelia what she does for a living. Maybe how she and Vitus met. I mean they seem to be long time friends.

Oh and how much time is left before the party?
>>
No. 613326 ID: 330ce5

Don't worry about that for now, if she is attracted to him, so what? He can make his own decisions about who to date. Beside funny rom-com can wait you have a party in your near future! With plenty of people you can hide behind to get away from lizard eye daggers.
(They ate a cactus, the cactus god will never forgive us. ALL IS LOST!!)
>>
No. 613349 ID: a0f3a9

>>613326
No the cactus god will reward us for doing away with possible usurpers to his cactus throne. (also that sounds like a really uncomfortable throne...)
>>
No. 613354 ID: 687279

>>613213
Talk about your job as a police officer! That'll get her to back off.
>>
No. 613394 ID: ea0ad9

>>613354
"You know, I always dreamt I'd do something big as an officer, but when I started working her just today I didn't expect that I'd get the task simply because everybody else was busy."
Well, at least the Peace Keepers are more efficient than your old squad.
>>
No. 613503 ID: 65a774
File 141910131650.png - (31.49KB , 900x450 , 68.png )
613503

>(They ate a cactus, the cactus god will never forgive us. ALL IS LOST!!)
{Rejoice, mortals, your oblivion awaits! FEEL THE WRATH OF THE CACTUS GOD!!}
:JourneyDREAM: Ow! Those things are sharp!
:VitusDREAM: Oh, right, I forgot that your kind doesn’t have protective scales against cacti needles. So… um… don’t touch them if you can, they are sharp.
:JourneyDREAM: I noticed.

>Either she's this friendly with everyone, or Vitus is really unable to comprehend that she has some major feelings for him, seriously it's thicker than the delicious cardboard outsides of a packaged meal.
It’s nearly impossible to not notice that she got some kinds of feelings for Vitus, but the question is why he doesn’t seem to react to them. Maybe Vitus isn’t attracted to his own species at all? Or is it that he’s just not attracted to Aelia? Hmm… also, for some reason you should really go for one of those eatable containers they use… too bad they didn’t ship your stuff in cardboard boxes like they usually do when you move somewhere new. That’s like a free “Welcome to your new home” meal!
>How does one mate with a Cibic if their body is an acid, I mean if sticking a hand in one is bad how is… well, sticking other things in there not going to end badly.
Maybe you should take the time and read how Cibic / alien breeding works… you know, just to satisfy your curiosity.
>They shouldn't be able to shoot daggers… I mean if anything Hivers should be able to, their eyes are bigger, I think Sakkil might be able to shoot toothpicks however.
Pickaxes made out of teeth still sound rather dangerous.
>Well they're kind is heavily into cybernetics, so I'd be more worried about them shooting our laser beams.
…luckily her eyes don’t seem to be cybernetic… in fact, you wonder if she even has any cybernetics at all? You do know that Vitus has at least some cybernetics on his chest but you can’t tell if Aelia has any… maybe she only has bio-mods?
>Oh and how much time is left before the party?
About half an hour. If you’re planning on dressing up nice or do anything before heading there now would be the time. Oh, you just remembered that you need to pass by your apartment to get those snacks you bought earlier.

:JourneyDREAM: So, Aelia, what do you do for a living?
:AeliaDREAM: Oh, I’m a receptionist down at the Biotech building. How about you, what do you work with?
:JourneyDREAM: I’m a Peace Keeper officer.
:AeliaDREAM: Oh? Really? Do you have any interesting stories about you work?
:JourneyDREAM: Most of the time on the force has been spent chasing petty thieves and the like but… um… I can’t tell you the details but I am on a rather interesting case at the moment.
:AeliaDREAM: They gave you an interesting case on your first day at work?
:JourneyDREAM: Well, they didn’t so much give it to me as it… um… fell in my lap by pure chance. But enough talk about boring old work, how did you two meet anyway? You seems to be rather good friends.
:VitusDREAM: Well, we’ve been neighbors for the last… um…
:AeliaDREAM: I believe it’s been nearly five years now? Before I got all these bio-upgrades.
:VitusDREAM: Yeah, Aelia here is rather forward, so she was the first person I got to know when I arrived here.
:AeliaDREAM: When been friends ever since.

:VitusDREAM: Oh, right! The party! Um… if you’ll excuse me for a few minutes, but I need to clean myself off real fast… and oil some of my cybernetics. It’ll just take a five minutes, ten tops so if you want to stay here it’s fine.
:AeliaDREAM: Well, if you want too then I can wash your back…
:VitusDREAM: …what?
:AeliaDREAM: I’m joking, you doofus. Now, go get cleaned up for the party, alright?
>>
No. 613505 ID: dbe554

Ahhh that explains it, they've been friends for a while and she wants to go a bit further then just friends, but because of that he see's her still as a friend just playing with him rather then something to be viewed in a romantic interest... That and maybe he really isn't into his kind, and she got the Bio Mods in order to try and look more 'exotic' for him so he'd view her in a xenophilliac light? Might be a thing, but who knows.

Don't really need to dress up, just a casual gaming party for new friends, though we should nab the snacks at least...And maybe something delicious and cardboardy for later.
>>
No. 613516 ID: 9ddf68

well unless you can think of a reason to stay I say head back to your apartment and grab the snacks. You all can catch up again when you get to the party. Don't really think you need to change either. I mean it's more or less just a gamer party more then anything so you should be fine in what you have now.
>>
No. 613615 ID: 742b4a

>>613503
Alright while Vitus is in there ask her what her intentions are towards him.
>>
No. 613752 ID: 330ce5

Maybe they already had a thing and now convoluted romantic shenanigans occur!
>>
No. 614097 ID: 65a774
File 141929553005.png - (29.75KB , 900x450 , 69.png )
614097

>Ahhh that explains it, they've been friends for a while and she wants to go a bit further then just friends, but because of that he sees her still as a friend just playing with him rather then something to be viewed in a romantic interest...
It’s either that or he’s a complete xenophile. Either way, he seems rather naïve about her advances.
>Don't really need to dress up, just a casual gaming party for new friends, though we should nab the snacks at least...
You decide to take a small detour and get the snacks when you head for the party. No need to get out the expensive clothes just for some casual gaming.
>And maybe something delicious and cardboardy for later.
…and you also make a note see if you can find some cardboard boxes to eat later. It’s been ages since you ate that.

:JourneyDREAM: So… um… are you… err… you know… with Vitus?
:AeliaDREAM: Oh, no, we’re just friends, that’s all.
:JourneyDREAM: “Cutie”? “Beautiful”?
:AeliaDREAM: Just because we’re only friends doesn’t mean I can complement him…
:JourneyDREAM:
:AeliaDREAM: …alright, fine, he’s freaking cute like hell, alright?
:JourneyDREAM: So… you two have… um…
:AeliaDREAM: No, we haven’t been together before… let’s just say I was looking for… something else when I was younger… we both grow up and changed… became more responsible… ugh, why am I even talking to you about this? I barely know you!
:JourneyDREAM: Sometimes it’s nice to vent to a stranger for a while. Um… so the bio-mods?
:AeliaDREAM: I got those before I started really liking Vitus like that… I got them because I wanted them myself. I’ve always found humans to be rather fascinating, don’t you?
:JourneyDREAM: Um… sure?
:AeliaDREAM: While I mostly have stuff from the female side of them, I recently got one of those really expensive bio-mods that’s can be attached and removed at while from the m- err…
:VitusDREAM: There, all clean. I didn’t keep you waiting, did I?
:AeliaDREAM: Of course not, Vitus, You can never wait to long for someone like you, now can we?
:VitusDREAM: So, off to the party? I’m pretty sure Shui won’t mind if we arrive a bit early.
:JourneyDREAM: We just need to make a quick stop at my place to get some snacks.
:AeliaDREAM: Snacks? Last time I got snacks from Cibic he gave me pieces of a cardboard box… I hope whatever you bought is more… um… actually snack like.
:JourneyDREAM: Don’t worry, It’s not cardboard.

-----------------------

:AeliaDREAM: Knock knock…
:ShuiDREAM: Oh! Aelia! You’re early… and hello Jo, Vitus…
:VitusDREAM: We’re not interrupting anything, are we?
:ShuiDREAM: Not really. I was just moving some chairs from another room so we all have somewhere to sit tonight.
:AeliaDREAM: Well, how about we help you out then? Come, Vitus, help me out here.
:VitusDREAM: Err… sure?
:ShuiDREAM: Wait, I don’t ac-
:AeliaDREAM: Hush, Shui, it’s the least we can do as thank you for letting us hang in your apartment.
:ShuiDREAM: Err… alright, I guess? … … …um… so… Joana…?
:JourneyDREAM: …are th-
:SusanDREAM: Sorry I’m early, but- crap, there’s already p- I mean… err… Hi, Shui… Jo…
:ShuiDREAM: Hi, Susan.
:SusanDREAM: Here, I brought some of that Serpens soda you love.
:ShuiDREAM: Oh, thanks! I hope you brought enough for everyone… I do know Aelia loves the stuff too.
:SusanDREAM: Err… yeah… sure…

...you get a feeling things might be a bit complicated among your new group of friends.
>>
No. 614102 ID: dbe554

Well certainly seems like there's got to be some complications somewhere, just need to learn what to avoid bringing up or poking.

Though I do hope its mostly civil, though there's already a few love issues, Aeila wants Vitus, Vitus wants you, Shui seems to want Aeila, Susan wants Shui....Aeila has a penis attachment wait what!?

Also that room is so cool, look at the flowing water and floating orbs just dancing amongst the streams for a moment.
>>
No. 614103 ID: 9ddf68

pfff, holy crap how many more people are we going to run into that have one-sided feelings for each other? I mean we have a good suspicion that Vitus has a thing for us, we know Aelia has a thing for Vitus, and now it seems like Susan has a thing for Shui.

Eh let's not try and cock block anyone, excuse yourself from these two and show yourself around, maybe ask where you should leave the snacks and then try and leave these two to there own devices. Also try and stay away form Vitus and Aelia as well. This is meant to be a fun night, last thing we need to do is to create needless drama.
>>
No. 614104 ID: 742b4a

>>614097
> that’s can be attached and removed at while from the m- err…
What? I guess she got nervous and mangled what she was trying to say.

>complicated
At least we can count on Cib not flirting with anyone tonight. Ask about the decorations!
>>
No. 614120 ID: 6e79d4

And now it looks like Susan likes Shui likes Aelia. I don't know if you should stay and give Aelia and Vitus space, or go help them 'move furniture' and give Susan and Shui time alone.
>>
No. 614226 ID: ea0ad9

>...you get a feeling things might be a bit complicated among your new group of friends.
Susan likes Shui, Shui likes Aelia, Aelia likes Victus, and Victus likes us... Clearly we've got to fall in love with Susan to complete the circle!
>>
No. 614235 ID: ea0ad9

> that’s can be attached and removed at while from the m- err…
Did she mean "At will"? ...What exactly could she have gotten that could be attatched and removed (or maybe it's retracted?) at will? And from what, the Mind?
>I don't know if you should stay and give Aelia and Vitus space, or go help them 'move furniture' and give Susan and Shui time alone.
Let's definitely do that. If Cib happens to show up, well then we'll have somebody to talk to.
>>
No. 614410 ID: 65a774
File 141935608601.png - (30.17KB , 900x450 , 70.png )
614410

>What? I guess she got nervous and mangled what she was trying to say.
You’re guessing she didn’t really think about what she was saying and thus weaned of course. Seems like you’ll need to decipher what she was trying to say.
>Did she mean "At will"?
There’s a possibility, yes.
>...What exactly could she have gotten that could be attached and removed (or maybe it's retracted?) at will? And from what, the Mind?
Hmm... do Human have tails? Maybe it’s so she can remove her tail? …or is it those things they got on their stomach? Don’t they have weird holes there? Either way, you’ll try to keep yourself from jumping to conclusions…
>Aeila has a penis attachment wait what!?
…but you fail miserably.

>Aeila wants Vitus, Vitus wants you, Shui seems to want Aeila, Susan wants Shui....
You’ve heard about love triangles, but this is just silly. You have to wonder what this is called… a love Congo line, maybe?
>Clearly we've got to fall in love with Susan to complete the circle!
But you’ll still be missing Kasha, Shilse and maybe Harmony, depending on what he thinks about the subject. Clearly, you need to get Kasha interested in Susan, Shilse in Kasha and then you need to develop a taste for Serpens eggs.
>At least we can count on Cib not flirting with anyone tonight.
Currently, you wouldn’t be surprised if he did.

:JourneyDREAM: I have to say, I love what you’ve done with the place.
:ShuiDREAM: It’s pretty nice, isn’t it?
:JourneyDREAM: I’m guessing all the water is because you’re an aquatic species, but what’s up with the floating spheres?
:SusanDREAM: They are Serpens gravity spheres. Those ones are set to manipulate water, thus making it dance around like that.
:JourneyDREAM: It’s really neat… but… um… how about I’ll show myself around and leave you two t-
:SusanDREAM: That would be great!
:ShuiDREAM: Actually, I’ll probably need to help Aelia with the chairs. Be right back.
:SusanDREAM: Hey, wait for me!
:JourneyDREAM: … … …well, then…

:EohDREAM: Rejoice, people, your savior is here! I bring alcohol, and lots of it!
:CB11DREAM: I’m sorry sis, I tried to- oh, hello Jo... where’s-
:JourneyDREAM: Next room over, with Vitus and Aeila, fighting over chairs apparently.
:EohDREAM: Why fight when you can fracking love? Do any of your taffers want a glass of life essence?
:CB11DREAM: I don’t even have an input for food or drink…
:EohDREAM: You have no idea what you’re missing, taffer.
>>
No. 614412 ID: 742b4a

>>614410
Try some of that booze. Ask Cib if everyone's always been this love-triangley.
>>
No. 614417 ID: 742b4a

Well not love-triangley, more like love-conga-line.
>>
No. 614427 ID: 330ce5

Partake in drinking some of the achool, don't drink too much. If you aren't intersted in other speices romantically then where are you going to meet other cibics?
>>
No. 614429 ID: 9ddf68

well I thought up a drinking game we can try later. When you're playing games later have it that the person who wins doesn't have to take a shot, the person that comes in second has to take half a shot, third takes a one full shot, and so one until you hit the end of the line... might want use beer instead of actual shot worthy booze and maybe put up a limit but still could be fun.

So Cib, am I the only one who seems to notice the love Congo line going on here or what?
>>
No. 614435 ID: dbe554

Well at least we've got a few people out here who aren't trying to tangle their mating dances with another species/robotics, ask EoH how he's doing, accept booze, don't drink too much right now though.

Also make sure to ask Cib how he's doing..And yeah gossip a bit, I mean we've learned so much about interspecies love...conga lines, and all that new thoughts on the general thoughts.

Even if in the end, it's all pretty much similar, it's cool.
>>
No. 614544 ID: ea0ad9

>Why fight when you can fracking love?
Because they can't love right, apparently.
>Do any of your taffers want a glass of life essence?
I could probably use a little after the game those four are at. Finding myself quickly impatient in waiting to play Super Smash Sentinals to forget about it all.
>You have no idea what you’re missing, taffer.
Speaking of things that are missing, apparently there are plenty of people who are interested in the orgy-type relationships. Finding a conga-line of love is kind of surprising after learning about that. I mean, us being new here and still autoxenophiliphobic (Afraid to fall in love with aliens) it's understandable that we'd shy away a bit, but when a person is a xenophile, it's surprising they're still monogamous.
>>
No. 614556 ID: 65a774
File 141937073377.png - (30.58KB , 900x450 , 71.png )
614556

>I thought up a drinking game we can try later. When you're playing games later have it that the person who wins doesn't have to take a shot while the others do.
…that sounds like fun, if people are willing to drink tonight. Of course, even if they don’t want to drink alcohol it still sounds fun.

:JourneyDREAM: I’ll take a glass if you don’t mind.
:EohDREAM: Here, take a whole bottle. Just don’t eat it.
:JourneyDREAM: I eat organic things, not glass.
:EohDREAM: Eh, you never know with you Cibics. I know a guy who ate a decommissioned tram once… with like, a fork… just like that… it took weeks but still…
:JourneyDREAM: …that can’t have been healthy. At all.

:JourneyDREAM: So… is this whole… um… love conga line normal or…?
:EohDREAM: Love what?
:CB11DREAM: Oh, you’ve notice the massive amount of hormones going on here, huh? That’s exactly why I’ve always dislike the whole love thing… it mostly just brings a lot of trouble.
:EohDREAM: Who’s in love it who again?
:CB11DREAM: Let’s see… Sis wants to bang Shui, Shui wants to bang Aelia and Aelia wants to bang Vitus, but Vitus is a complete xenophile so that’s pretty much a lost cause.
:EohDREAM: Hmm… Shui is the Serpens with metal arm, right? And Aelia is lizard boobs?
:JourneyDREAM: Yeah, and Vitus is the red Sakkil with a fez.
:EohDREAM: Oh, the taffer who rents those fraking weird fetish BTLs, eh?
:CB11DREAM: …he rents what?
:EohDREAM: … … …Frak! Forget I said that. I’m not supposed to talk about customers purchases.
:CB11DREAM: Well, you got my interest peeked. Can’t you tell me what the others are renting too?
:EohDREAM: You do realize I can be throw into prison for telling you that, right? So shut it, taffer.
:JourneyDREAM: Actually, they can at worse fire you, nothing more.
:EohDREAM: …still, frak off, taffer.
:JourneyDREAM: Oh, and Cib? Apperently Vitus got a thing for me so you can add that on the list too.
:CB11DREAM: Geez… does this ever end?
:JourneyDREAM: And speaking of love, do you know where I can meet other Cibics around here? …just in case I get lonely or something…
:EohDREAM: I got a BTL for that kind of thing if you want to rent it.
:JourneyDREAM: I’m not renting porn right now, Embracer.
:EohDREAM: Oh, I didn’t mean a porn BTL. I meant one of those dating ones.
:CB11DREAM: Geez, she want to see real people, not fake ones, bush… and how should I know? Check the net or something, Jo.

New Mission: Get Embracer of Harmony drunk enough so he’ll spill the secrets about Vitus weird fetishes! (No! Bad Joana!)
New Mission: Make sure Embracer of Harmony doesn’t get drunk enough so he’ll spill the embarrassing secrets about peoples BTL history.
>>
No. 614562 ID: 9ddf68

>New Mission: Get Embracer of Harmony drunk enough so he’ll spill the secrets about Vitus weird fetishes!
you do realize with the work crap we have locked in our room we're kinda on that list as well.

Well the only people missing from this party is Cksk, shilse, and Kasha who should all be showing up soon. Might as well go see if the other half of the party has set up all the chairs by now.
>>
No. 614571 ID: dbe554

>>614562
Technically we can say we swiped it for an investigation (which is true)

But this could be fun, alcohol fueled evenings of drunken revelry! Also Cib confirmed for true gossip hound, and EoH is alot better when he's not dealing with a cop, or drunk...How they get drunk is a very good question.

Also the drink any good? Strong? Flavorless, or what.
>>
No. 615096 ID: 65a774
File 141946251462.png - (32.30KB , 900x450 , 72.png )
615096

>You do realize with the work crap we have locked in our room we're kinda on that list as well.
Those were confiscated, not rented! Besides, they weren’t that weird… well, the egg one was but… err… you’re pretty sure there’s far worse stuff to be into… not that there’s anything wrong with that…
>But this could be fun, alcohol fueled evenings of drunken revelry!
As long as it doesn’t get out of hand.
>Also Cib confirmed for true gossip hound, and EoH is alot better when he's not dealing with a cop, or drunk...
Cib does seems rather social for someone that pride himself as a robot… and EoH is rather rough but sweet… like a jerk with a gold filling.
>How Uredo get drunk is a very good question.
The same way anyone else get drunk? By absorbing alcohol? They are plants, not rocks! Water absorbing plants!
>Also the drink any good? Strong? Flavorless, or what.
It’s… rather sweet, actually. It’s some kind of Sakkilian drink made out of a combination of fermented fruits you’ve never heard of, but it is tasty and that’s what matters. … … …actually, now when you think about it, it taste kind of like how Vitus smell… you’re guessing he uses some kind of tonic to make himself smell like Sakkilian fruit? …and now you can’t help but wonder what Vitus taste like… does he taste like fruit too? Hmm…

>Might as well go see if the other half of the party has set up all the chairs by now.
As you’re standing in the room the chair are supposed to be in you’re pretty sure they aren’t done yet… you have to wonder why-
:AeliaDREAM: Here, let me carry that for you, Vitus.
:VitusDREAM: There’s no need to-
:ShuiDREAM: Don’t worry Aelia, I can take it.
:SusanDREAM: It’s your apartment, Shui, carrying the chairs for you is the least we can do.
:VitusDREAM: No, Susan, I can take it. I insist.
:JourneyDREAM: …so, they are fighting for- wait, does Vitus have a thing for Susan too?
:CB11DREAM: He’s accidently slipped that he thinks she’s smoking hot a few days ago but they’ve never really hung out a lot.
:JourneyDREAM: By M.U, they’ve gone full circle!

>Well the only people missing from this party is Cksk, shilse, and Kasha who should all be showing up soon.
Speaking of the sprouts…
:CkskDREAM: Indeed, it’s this humble abode we’ll have the honor to abide today.
:KashaDREAM: Ah, 14T! I heard 4T… no wonder I got lost.
:CkskDREAM: Seems like were right on time. Has everyone made their entrance already?
:CB11DREAM: Shilse is still-
:ShilseDREAM: I’m here! I’m not late, am I?
:CkskDREAM: Ah, you must be the second lady of honor! I believe we’ve haven’t had the pleasure to meet yet, but I am Kr’ak’a’cksk the Just.
:ShilseDREAM: Oh… nice title!
:CkskDREAM: And who might the pretty lady be?
:ShilseDREAM: I’m Shilse, nice to meet you… err…
:CB11DREAM: Cksk.
:ShilseDREAM: Nice to meet you, Cksk… oh, hi Jo! What’s up?
:KashaDREAM: Oh, are those Serpens water levitating spheres? I love those!

…you’re suddenly wearing strange hats for some reason… better just ignore them for now and maybe they’ll go away.
>>
No. 615108 ID: 60700b

>>615096
Does that happen often? Holiday-themed hats just appear at intervals?
>>
No. 615117 ID: dbe554

If hats are appearing at random it means you aren't drunk enough yet, drink.

Though it's hard to believe how stupid they are getting over chairs..I just hope it stays in a peaceful passive state rather then fighting each other with chairs filled with snow and holiday chair cheers..

Kinda amazing how many friends we made in one day, with so many different kinds of species too, and robots!
>>
No. 615166 ID: 9ddf68

well everyone's here, we got food, we got beer, and we go games. Since the lovers circle isn't getting anything done just grab your own chair, put it where you want to sit, creak open a cold one and and see what's up first for this evening's festivities?
>>
No. 615250 ID: ea0ad9

>…you’re suddenly wearing strange hats for some reason… better just ignore them for now and maybe they’ll go away.
...I didn't even notice them until you pointed them out.
>>
No. 615346 ID: 65a774
File 141952218818.png - (3.04KB , 900x450 , 73.png )
615346

>Does that happen often? Holiday-themed hats just appear at intervals?
No, you fool! I told you to ignore them! By acknowledging their existence you leave your mind open to be consumed by the horrors from the Christmas dimension! As the dreaded Santa cap worm starts borrowing into your brain, your individuality slowly starts to di- no, wait, false alarm, they are gone. Either that or they’ve already consumed the part of your brain which enables you to see them… either way, they aren’t your problem any longer.

:JourneyDREAM: Suddenly I got a craving for something called eggnog…
:CB11DREAM: Egg what now?
:JourneyDREAM: Never mind.

>If hats are appearing at random it means you aren't drunk enough yet, drink.
You’re pretty sure it’s the other way around… but what the heck, you’re not saying no to getting another drink! Cheers!
>Though it's hard to believe how stupid they are getting over chairs…
Well, all the people you’ve have met today seems rather eccentric one way or another…
>Kinda amazing how many friends we made in one day, with so many different kinds of species too, and robots!
It helped that most of them already were friends from the beginning… and all of them were rather welcoming, weren’t they?

>Since the lovers circle isn't getting anything done just grab your own chair, put it where you want to sit, creak open a cold one and and see what's up first for this evening's festivities?
:JourneyDREAM: Wasn’t this supposed to be a game night?
:EoHDREAM: Just start up the game and I’m sure they’ll stop bickering over fraking chairs, Jo.
:VitusDREAM: Oh! They are starting already! Wait for me guys!
:KashaDREAM: Wait… aren’t we like ten people here now? The game only support up to eight people…
:ShuiDREAM: Don’t worry, we can take turns. I’ll volunteer to skip the first round.
:SusanDREAM: What? No, I’ll skip-
:CkskDREAM: Geez, I’m not even that interested in the game, so I’ll be happy to skip for now.
:ShilseDREAM: And I’ve never played it before so I rather see what it’s like before trying to play it.
:KashaDREAM: No matter who plays, get ready to get your abdomen kicked.
:JourneyDREAM: Dream on, girlfriend…




…End of Day 1…
>>
No. 615347 ID: 65a774
File 141952220358.png - (28.93KB , 900x450 , 74.png )
615347

:PACDREAM: *BEEP*BEEP* Time to wake up, officer!
:JourneyDREAM: Ugh… five more minutes, parent…
:PACDREAM: Your shift starts in forty-five minutes. The captain expect you to be in your armor and ready for duty by then, officer.
:JourneyDREAM: Ng… I hate mornings…
:VitusDREAM: Mmm… that’s right… you’re... g-n… ea… mm…. struggle… and… dig… heh… snore…
:ShuiDREAM: ...snore… mmm…
>>
No. 615363 ID: 9ddf68

well, might as well pull yourself back together and check to see who's still here and if they're alright before heading back to your apartment to get ready for work. I'm sure the hangover will go away eventually.
>>
No. 615364 ID: 742b4a

>>615347
Where are your clothes? What do you remember doing last night? Who's in that pile behind the sofa?
>>
No. 615366 ID: dbe554

Either we somehow got drunk enough to forget a full period of time, or that was such an awesome mindblowing experience that half the people ended up sleeping on the floor as a result... Vitus and Shui are sleeping together, and we are..a puddle, time to pull ourselves together!
>>
No. 615378 ID: ea0ad9

Ugh, not pleasant to fall asleep outside a hibernation sphere... Well, lets pull ourself together and fetch our clothes. Heh, Shui and Victus are sleeping together, it seems...
Well, lets give Victus a gentle nudge so he can wake up, and, if embarrassed at his situation, has time to get out of it.
>>
No. 615396 ID: 65a774
File 141954070655.png - (29.20KB , 900x450 , 75.png )
615396

>Ugh, not pleasant to fall asleep outside a hibernation sphere...
At least you were lucky enough to fall asleep in a liquid… you still remember the eyestalk pain you get when you sleep on something solid…
>I'm sure the hangover will go away eventually.
…wait, what’s a hangover?

>Where are your clothes?
:JourneyDREAM: …oh… PAC… has anyone gone through here and seen me naked?
:PACDREAM: No, ma’am. You were the last one in this room to fall asleep and the first to wake. If you get dressed now you’ll still have your dignity… at least, the one you didn’t lose last night. Your clothes are behind those chairs over there.
>What do you remember doing last night?
…You played games… and drank a lot… then… um… they started with the drinking games… you didn’t do anything too embarrassing at least… and the only thing of real note is that drunk Kasha apparently had a thing for Cib and trying to flirt him a lot… it was funny. Otherwise… well, you believe Aelia and Susan are in Shui’s bedroom, Shui and Victus is behind the couch, Shilse and Cksk left together a bit early because… um… they said they had other “plans”... while Kasha, Cib and Harmoney all left later one by one. That’s about it, really…
>Heh, Shui and Victus are sleeping together, it seems...
…how cute. You have to wonder who’ll be the most embarrass when they wake up.

>we are a… puddle, time to pull ourselves together!
Urg… luckily this water was relatively clean… you believe you’ve been able to get back most of your mass, at least enough to move around comfortable again.
>Well, let’s give Vitus a gentle nudge so he can wake up, and, if embarrassed at his situation, has time to get out of it.
:JourneyDREAM: Hey, Vitus… you awake?
:VitusDREAM: Hmm? …just five more minutes, Xar…
:JourneyDREAM: …Wake up, sleepyhead.
:VitusDREAM: …Joana? …wait, who is hugging me?
:JourneyDREAM: It’s Shui.
:VitusDREAM: …oh, that’s why it’s reminding me of my first alien boyfriend…
:JourneyDREAM: First boyfriend? A Serpens called Xar, I guess?
:VitusDREAM: Yeah… that’s the one… been years since I’ve seen him… hmm… been years since I’ve seen any of my first alien flings… I wonder what that big mantis lady ever got a BTL actress career… Ugh, what am I even blabbering on about right now?
>Head back to your apartment to get ready for work.
:JourneyDREAM: Vitus, can you check if everyone is still alive in here? I need to get to work soon so-
:VitusDREAM: Yeah, sure, no prob… I just need to untangle myself from this heap…
:ShuiDREAM: Don’t go… Aelia…
:VitusDREAM: Wrong lizard, boy… Bye Jo, see you later.
:JourneyDREAM: Bye Vitus.
>>
No. 615397 ID: 65a774
File 141954072444.png - (30.61KB , 900x450 , 76.png )
615397

After a quick breakfast, shower and some new mass production you’re ready for another day of action!
:JourneyDREAM: What’s my current objective, PAC?
:PACDREAM: I got several new updates for you to consider, Joana. First, I’ve been able to determine how the dead K55P bot was able to access the Tram tunnels. He was last seen boarding a tram, a tram which camera suddenly started to glitch out. Luckily, the camera came back online before the tram reached its destination. Unluckily, the K55P was suddenly gone from the tram when the camera came back online.
:JourneyDREAM: So he was thrown of a Tram car?
:PACDREAM: The second lead is from Embracer of Harmony. Apparently a robot came by and tried to retrieve all three of those BTLs you confiscated yesterday in Tr’ak’kq’urk name. It even had Tr’ak’kq’urk card. It apparently happen while you and Harmony were busy getting smashed.
:JourneyDREAM: Hey, I was off the clock… and wait, if Harmony where-
:PACDREAM: He got other employees that works there. The last lead we have is that Tr’ak’kq’urk himself hasn’t reported to work, and if you wait about ten minutes, Mrs. Nefir will give you a warrant to search his apartment for his whereabouts.
:JourneyDREAM: So… you still haven’t been able to reach him and no one has been in his apartment?
:PACDREAM: Indeed, it’s been dead there since yesterday.

:PACDREAM: So, You got the Tram where K55P was last seen to look through, Tr’ak’kq’urk apartment and a robot to track. Pick whichever you think is most important to start with… unless you have any other clues to follow? You still have those porno BTL-
:JourneyDREAM: I’m not watching those.
>>
No. 615398 ID: 742b4a

>>615397
It'll probably take like 10 minutes to get to the apartment. We need to get there ASAP so that nobody else can toss the place before us.

Besides the robot might wind up trying to go there today.
>>
No. 615427 ID: dbe554

Big Mantis Lady in BTL Career..I wonder if it's the same one that...Naah it couldn't be her in that BTL you have.

Anyways it's best to check his apartment, if someone is trying to clean out the evidence you want to get to the area's they can scrub through first before they can remove any sort of evidence.
>>
No. 615430 ID: 9ddf68

Think we should look for he mantis, unless he's in on this as well his life could be in danger so the sooner we can find him the better.
>>
No. 615453 ID: 3f0c1b

Looks like confiscating those BTLs was good for something at least. Considering someone tried to pick them up.

What's that on the news by the way? Oh, and checking the apartment as soon as we get that warrant seems like the best plan.
>>
No. 615466 ID: 65a774
File 141955593917.png - (26.45KB , 900x450 , 77.png )
615466

>What's that on the news by the way?
:SysDREAM: “-protest continues today. The major has yet made any kind of official statement concerning the anti-SAI groups that has made themselves at home around the main state hub. Now, in other news… Kittens! Are they cute, innocent creatures or are they the spawn of PURE EVIL!? Find out after these messag-“
>Big Mantis Lady in BTL Career..I wonder if it's the same one that...Naah it couldn't be her in that BTL you have.
The chances of Vitus personally knowing, let alone been dating a supposedly famous fetish porn star are rather small.

>It'll probably take like 10 minutes to get to the apartment. We need to get there ASAP so that nobody else can toss the place before us.
:PACDREAM: No answer on the comm… no answer from the doorbell… no life signs detected in there… you’re free to enter, Jo.
:JourneyDREAM: Then I’m going in!

:JourneyDREAM: Hello? Anyone here! This is the Peace Keep- oh… … …no life signs, huh?
:PACDREAM: Not since yesterday, no.
>>
No. 615468 ID: 742b4a

>>615466
He's long dead, then. Ask what time life signs left the apartment. Also if there was more than one life sign present.

Lock the door, then go inspect the body. Any wounds on it? What's that on the floor near the body? I see something yellow up in the flowers near the door too. Check what's on the table there.
>>
No. 615475 ID: dbe554

Make sure to check EVERYTHING, tap things for hidden compartments, make sure nothing is going to reduce us to jelly.
>>
No. 615477 ID: 60700b

>>615466
If it turns out to be part of the same investigation, pretty sure we can bump up the case to something above property damage.
>>
No. 615479 ID: 330ce5

You should probably report this, then search the apartment.
>>
No. 615482 ID: 9ddf68

well this doesn't bode well. either he did something that he regretted so much he killed himself, he was so scared of something he killed himself, or someone killed him and made it look like suicide. Either way this is now officially a crime scene and it's our duty to see what we can find... at least until the forensics team gets her. Speaking of which we should probably call this in.

Also I notice that his hand is bleeding and we found mantis Blood on K55P and I also see something small next to the knocked over chair so go see what that is. Also go look in all the rooms and maybe we'll find something about what we can find on those damn porn BTLs so we don't actually have to watch them.
>>
No. 615483 ID: 6e79d4

Call it in immediately. Look at that small multicolored things next to the body and on the table, take note of the wound on his arm, the red star, yellow flower, and don't move anything. Foul play can't be ruled out just yet.
>>
No. 615495 ID: ea0ad9

>…oh, that’s why it’s reminding me of my first alien boyfriend…
Ah, so he's not as shamed as I worried he might be. That's good. I hope he feels better after last night!
>I’m not watching those.
Going to have to, though. Should be easier to start with the one with the Cibic. Painting Her White, I believe it was. ...Huh, wonder if the Cibic referred to themselves as a she, or if the people who produced the BTL did?
>>615477
Homicide cases are a bigger deal, but you also end up being no longer able to simply talk to the people who's "Property was damaged." Is this homicide, though, or suicide? If the latter, I suppose you would still have reason to talk with the acquaintances and employers, as you try to figure out why there was a suicide. Blackmail, threats, rejection?
>>
No. 615496 ID: 742b4a

>>615495
It would be a waste of time and sanity to watch the porn without knowing what we're looking for.
>>
No. 615498 ID: ea0ad9

>>615496
Waste of time, really?
>>
No. 615500 ID: 742b4a

>>615498
Yes, they're hours long, each.
>>
No. 615501 ID: dbe554

>>615500

Though if we can't find something pertaining to them we will have to, considering the fact that someone is obviously looking for them, but that's for later for now we should carefully scan his body and home.
>>
No. 615579 ID: 3f0c1b

We are probably going to want a log of everyone, including robots, who have visited his apartment since the day last reported in for work. It looks like suicide at first glance, but considering he might be involved in our case we should assume this might be murder.
>>
No. 615600 ID: 65a774
File 141961821693.png - (26.83KB , 900x450 , 78.png )
615600

>You should probably report this.
:PACDREAM: Everything you’ve done since you’ve gotten close to the apartment has been recorded and reported directly to high command. A small forensic team will soon be dispatched to this location.
>we should carefully scan his body and home.
:PACDREAM: Initiating scan…
>Lock the door.
:PACDREAM: Door is locked tight with special Peace Keeper overrides.
>If it turns out to be part of the same investigation, pretty sure we can bump up the case to something above property damage.
:PACDREAM: The probability that those two cases are linked is… very high.

>Is this homicide, though, or suicide?
:PACDREAM: Currently, this is considered suicide until proof of foul play can be presented.
>Ask what time life signs left the apartment. Also if there was more than one life sign present.
:PACDREAM: The last life sign detected was when the front door opened 26 hours ago.
:JourneyDREAM: That’s more than… no, wait, this place got 30 hours days, don’t it? Then almost a full day ago, then.
:PACDREAM: I cannot determine if there were more than one person here at the time.
>We are probably going to want a log of everyone, including robots, who have visited his apartment since the day last reported in for work.
:PACDREAM: Scanning… only one person has entered this apartment since Tr’ak’kq’urk was last seen at work, not including Tr’ak’kq’urk himself.
:JourneyDREAM: Let me guess, the K55P bot that was killed?
:PACDREAM: …affirmative. I cannot say at what exact moment he was here, but I do know he was in the apartment yesterday.

>I notice that his hand is bleeding and we found mantis Blood on K55P.
:PACDREAM: His hand seems to have a sharp cut across it. The blood matches the blood found on K55P.
>Look at that small multicolored things next to the body and on the table.
:JourneyDREAM: What is this on the table? Some kind of multi-colored cube?
:PACDREAM: Scanning… that seems to be an unsolved “Rubik’s cube”, a human made puzzle toy.
:JourneyDREAM: Oh, interesting… I better grab it… as evidence, of course! This thing on the floor then?
:PACDREAM: That’s a chair. A fully rotatable chair with wheels on-
:JourneyDREAM: I meant the other cube. The one that almost looks like one of those Robin cubes without the mishmash of colors?
:PACDREAM: Scanning… That is a highly advanced, portable AI core designed by Sol Corp… and it doesn’t look like a Rubik’s cube at all! Only someone who has no idea how an AI core looks like would do a mistake like that!
:JourneyDREAM: Well, I’ve never seen an AI core before… either way, I better grab it too. It’s probably important.
>I see something yellow up in the flowers near the door too.
:PACDREAM: Scanning… odd, it seems like some kind of golden jewelry? What is it doing up there?
>the red star.
:PACDREAM: Scanning… While it’s been placed to make it appear as if part of the artificial window, it is in fact some kind of portable button. Pressing it will send some kind of signal, but where or what the signal will do I cannot say.

>Go look in all the rooms.
A bedroom… A dining hall… and a den with a TV and game console… it kind of reminds me of my apartment, doesn’t it? Shouldn’t find anything interesting in any of those rooms, though.
>tap things for hidden compartments.
*Tap*tap*
:PACDREAM: What are you doing?
:JourneyDREAM: Looking for secret compartments?
:PACDREAM: … … …Please stop wasting time, officer.

:PACDREAM: Notice: Scanning completed! Subject: Tr’ak’kq’urk Qu’r’kkz. Cause of death: Asphyxiation thanks to a crushed windpipe. He also has a nasty cut on his left hand, a broken neck and his chest plate is crushed on his left side. Time of death: Between 30 to 24 hours ago. Currently the most likely theory of death: Suicide by hanging.
:JourneyDREAM: Hmmm… was he left handed?
:PACDREAM: …yes, how did you know?
:JourneyDREAM: …my plasma is itching… something isn’t right here… let me think…
>>
No. 615604 ID: 742b4a

>>615600
He's too high. The chair would not reach his feet. It's a murder.
>>
No. 615615 ID: dbe554

Not to mention the crushed chest plate and injured hand, can we do a scan as to what could have crushed in his chest plate? The hand alone being injured would make it far harder to do something of this nature as to tie a proper noose, get it up there, and then hang the self.

Also we should retrieve that jewelry piece and check for any insignia's or markings on it.
>>
No. 615616 ID: 9ddf68

ok the cut could maybe be contributed to a failed suicide attempt but the idea of hanging is (depending on the knot used) is to brake the neck so you don't suffer, If his neck was broken then you should have suffocated. Now that you could easily just pass off as he tried to snap his neck and failed and had to die the long way but HOW in god's name did he mange to CRUSH HIS ENTIRE LEFT SIDE. The rope had no way in hell to do that kind of damage and if it happened before he "hung himself" then he should have been able to even move to hang himself. I suspect foul play here.
>>
No. 615623 ID: 6e79d4

> this is considered suicide until proof of foul play can be presented
If I did that, PAC, I'd be a bad detective.

If he hung himself and his neck broke, that would be how he died, not asphyxia. Either his neck broke beforehand, somehow, or he asphyxiated and then was put in a noose. A busted chest plate and cut up arm points to signs of a struggle. If he cut his left hand, there would be blood staining whatever he cut it on and anything he touched after the fact, but the only thing that has his blood on it is the robot.

Examine the stuff you picked up, find a -safe- way to reach that jewelry. Don't touch the mystery button, yet.
>>
No. 615625 ID: 742b4a

Oh, and you don't get a broken neck by hanging anyway unless you drop a long way before the rope catches taut. Hanging yourself by stepping off a chair would result in a crushed windpipe and nothing else.
>>
No. 615633 ID: ea0ad9

>Cause of death: Asphyxiation thanks to a crushed windpipe.
Crushed windpipe? If it were suicide, it's very unlikely that would happen. Maybe if he had a taller room and leaped off a wardrobe with a noose around his neck, but not from just pushing a chair out of the way.
>He also has a nasty cut on his left hand, a broken neck and his chest plate is crushed on his left side.
The cut may be unrelated (He might have cut himself preparing a meal or something), and the broken neck falls into the same unlikelyhood as the crushed windpipe, but the chest plate is crushed? There's definitely no way that's caused by the hanging. What sort of impact does it seem would be able to have crushed it in such a way, PAC? I assume it would be a blunt object, but any estimations on size?
>>
No. 615645 ID: 825af6

Since this looks (at first) like a suicide that ought to be enough reason to pull Tr'ak's psychiatric and medical records to check for depression or indications he's tried this in the past or he might attempt it. If there's no sign of such that doesn't rule out the possibility he did so here, just lessens it.

Okay, mentally go through the steps Tr'ak would have to do to hang himself and compare it to what you've observed for inconsistencies. First off, how did he get up to the top of that column to attach the noose? He could have climbed the column, so examine it for indications of that, but if he had climbed it would he have had his hands free to tie the rope? And how is the rope anchored, and is it to the column or the ceiling? And if there's no indication he climbed the column, then he'd have needed a ladder or something to climb up, so where is it? And either way, if he'd climbed up the column or used a ladder, why not just put the noose and drop from one of them instead of standing on a chair? And look at the chair's position. If he was standing on it and kicked it away it should have fallen behind him, but it's in front of him. And for that matter, isn't the chair too short to reach his feet? 'Cause if it is that rules out him standing on it at all and he was put up there by somebody else.

From the impact pattern on Tr'ak's chest can PAC give you a estimate of the shape of the object that inflicted it as well as how much force was required to do so and if it was done postmortem? You know Hivers have tough exteriors, so it'd have to be substantial to crush his chest in. Also, can PAC give you an estimate of the shape of what inflicted that nasty cut on his hand based? Like, was the edges of the cut smoother or