[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 633750)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 41599 unique user posts. View catalog

File 142870279687.png - (51.94KB , 1100x900 , 1.png )
633750 No. 633750 ID: 65a774

Mechanical pacifist of war

Discussion and previous thread: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/56976.html
Expand all images
>>
No. 633753 ID: 65a774
File 142870286918.png - (30.55KB , 900x450 , 2.png )
633753

:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… maybe it’s a bit much for just a night at the club? …but then again…
:SysDREAM: Notice: An Serpens named Shilse wishes to enter your apartment. She left the following message for you.
:ShilseDREAM: Yo, Jo! Are you ready to go pick of some cute… err… boys of whatever species you like? …or do you like girls? You never said what you really like… but never mind that, are you ready to show this club who’s boss, girlfriend?
>>
No. 633757 ID: 9ddf68

>Are you ready to go pick of some cute… err… boys of whatever species you like? …or do you like girls? You never said what you really like
well technically both since you prefer your own species which are, well both at the same time. But yeah lets go have some fun.
>>
No. 633763 ID: dbe554

Lookin good girl! Flaunt yourself, feel proud.

Also let her in, aint got nothing to hide with this.
>>
No. 633876 ID: 65a774
File 142876867716.png - (29.01KB , 900x450 , 3.png )
633876

>Lookin good girl! Flaunt yourself, feel proud.
Damn right you’re looking good! With this on any Cibic you meet will be enthralled by your gorgeous jelly body. You can feel your self-esteem increase dramatically. Nothing can stop you now!

>Well technically both since you prefer your own species which are, well both at the same time.
:ShilseDREAM: Oh, right, I keep forgetting you’re kind of both… so… err… will you let me in?
>Also let her in, aint got nothing to hide with this.
:ShilseDREAM: Thanks! I’ll call Vitus while I’m at it. He does live right next to you after all.
:VitusDREAM: *BEEP* Oh, hello… um… I’m just about to hit the shower so I’ll be done in ten to fifteen minutes… err… but if you want to come over and hang while you wait you’re welcome too.
:JourneyDREAM: I guess Sakkilians doesn’t take much time to… um… dress up?
:ShilseDREAM: Oh, neat, you kind of look like a tree with that… um… thing inside you and… err… nice leaves, sister?
:JourneyDREAM: Err… nice… face mask… um… and cape?
:ShilseDREAM: …I suddenly realized how much of a culture shock this really is…
>>
No. 633879 ID: dbe554

Oooh the jewels match her eyes and the gold does make the blue stand out.

Though at the very least, nobody will consider you overdressed standing next to Shilsa, ask Shil if that's traditional garb or something shil picked out.
>>
No. 633881 ID: 296917

>>633876
So I guess it's time to both of you to explain your outfits to the other. Cultural exchange!
>>
No. 633888 ID: 9ddf68

take guesses what everyone else is going to wear
>>
No. 633902 ID: 65a774
File 142878882579.png - (27.94KB , 900x450 , 4.png )
633902

>Though at the very least, nobody will consider you overdressed standing next to Shilsa.
You’re pretty sure no one can be considered overdressed compared to that… thing. If anything, the biggest risk is that she’s confused with a tacky lamp or something.

>ask Shil if that's traditional garb or something shil picked out.
:ShilseDREAM: Traditional? This is what’s in right now! …at least on my home planet… err… I really should research a bit about alien culture, right?
>So I guess it's time to both of you to explain your outfits to the other. Cultural exchange!
:ShilseDREAM: So… the leaves are because you guys live with those plants, right?
:JourneyDREAM: Uredo… and yes, I think so. As we’ve lived together for a long time I guess both our cultures has been influenced by each other. So… we got a bit of a nature theme going… with a lot of green, purple, leaf forms and roots. How about you? What’s up with that mask of yours?
:ShilseDREAM: Well… It’s considered nice to wear something that conceal your face when you go out to places like a club or a bar and mingle with people you don’t know… I think it’s something to do with judging people for their wits instead of appearances or something like that… at least it was at one time. Same thing with the cloak, really… fine folk don’t show a lot of body when you’re out with people you don’t know.
:JourneyDREAM: Huh… that’s interesting, if anything… and those golden shoulders?
:ShilseDREAM: Oh, those just look badass! …hmm, actually, we do have a lot of shoulder ornaments… I guess that’s because we already got big and spiky shoulders?

>take guesses what everyone else is going to wear.
:ShilseDREAM: Everyone else? Vitus is the only one we invited.
:JourneyDREAM: Well, we can guess wha-
:ShilseDREAM: I bet fifty credits that he’s wearing a cog somewhere!
:JourneyDREAM: No deal. I know how those Sakkilan are with their cogs.
:ShilseDREAM: Hey, speaking of Vitus… he invited us over, didn’t he? While he’s in the shower?
:JourneyDREAM: Why do I have a feeling I won’t like what you’ll be suggesting?
:ShilseDREAM: Why don’t we head over and check out his place?
:JourneyDREAM: …that wasn’t what I thought you were thinking.
:ShilseDREAM: Maybe we can see if he got something interesting hidden away… like in his bedtable?
:JourneyDREAM: That’s more in line of what I was expecting.
:ShilseDREAM: Or we can take a peek while that hunk is in the shower~
:JourneyDREAM: And there it comes… I knew you would suggest that.
:ShilseDREAM: Come on, stop being such a party popper! I know you want to see what he is carrying… or if you want to save that at a surprise, I’m sure you’re interested in seeing what secrets he got hidden.
:JourneyDREAM: Tempting…
:ShilseDREAM: Hmm… actually, if you want too we can invite someone else… is there someone else you got your eyes on? I mean, I’m sure someone like you can charm the shirt of anyone here… in fact, why don’t we just stay here for a while and-
:JourneyDREAM: No.
:ShilseDREAM: Just saying.

:PACDREAM: I got several new updates on your case, Jo. As you’re off hours right now I’ll just leave it in your database for later viewing. Don’t want you think about work when you’re out with friends.
>>
No. 633905 ID: dbe554

Hmmm..Exploring secrets, curiosity burning specially after EoH mentioned several fetish things who knows what he be hidin'.

At the very least you could just simply wait in there on him to get ready if your burning curious ways don't get ahold of you.
>>
No. 633908 ID: 296917

>>633902
Go over to his house! Be slightly nosy.
>>
No. 633912 ID: 6e79d4

Well you can't exactly sneak in, SYS will tell him you're at the door.
>>
No. 633913 ID: dba5a3

I say go over but don't snoop to much. and don't walk in on him while he's in the shower. Might get him to actually start locking his door if we do this.

>I got several new updates on your case, Jo. As you’re off hours right now I’ll just leave it in your database for later viewing. Don’t want you think about work when you’re out with friends.
fair enough but if it sounds like someone could get hurt if I don't act soon please tell me.
>>
No. 633973 ID: 65a774
File 142883648998.png - (27.78KB , 900x450 , 5.png )
633973

>Fair enough but if it sounds like someone could get hurt if I don't act soon please tell me.
:PACDREAM: Of course, officer Song of the Journey.

>Well you can't exactly sneak in, SYS will tell him you're at the door.
:ShilseDREAM: He did invite us to come over, didn’t he? Why sneak in when you can just walk right in?
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… true… alright, fine, let’s head over and see if we can find anything interesting.
:ShilseDREAM: Oh, this will be fun!
:JourneyDREAM: And don’t you dare walk in on him when he’s in the shower.
:ShilseDREAM: But if I ask him if I should help him scrub his back?
:JourneyDREAM:
:ShilseDREAM: Fine, I’ll leave him alone… bah, I wanted to see how much of him was made out of metal… you know how those Sakkilians are with cybernetics.
:JourneyDREAM: I do know that part of his chest is made out of metal… I saw that when he hocked us together on that BTL sim we played.
:ShilseDREAM: Oh?
:JourneyDREAM: It was about being a captain and crew on starship, so don’t get any ideas.
:ShilseDREAM: Still… right, here we are… huh, this place seems a bit… empty?
:JourneyDREAM: Did he…?
:ShilseDREAM: Bah, it’s in his bedroom the most interesting stuff will be, not in here. Come on!
>>
No. 633974 ID: 65a774
File 142883650397.png - (30.32KB , 900x450 , 6.png )
633974

:ShilseDREAM: This is where he sleeps? I keep forgetting that you guys sleep on these weird flat surfaces…
:JounreyDREAM: Oh, right, you guys sleeps in pools and stuff, don’t you?
:ShilseDREAM: Yeah, it’s way nicer sleeping under water. So… let’s not be too nosy or I’ll start feeling bad about this.
:JourneyDREAM: if anything, this might teach him to start locking the door in the future…
:ShilseDREAM: Or not to invite me over when he’s in the shower.
:JourneyDREAM: Embracer mentioned yesterday that he had rented some weird stuff from it… I wonder if he still got that stuff here.
:ShilseDREAM: If I would hide some adult BTLs, where would I put it? Hmm…
>>
No. 633981 ID: dbe554

Huh, he's got a standard bathtub and showerhead rather then some sort of cleaning sphere.

His bed is much fancier as well, I wonder if he's got little compartments in it? I doubt he would leave his stuff within easy reach I mean he leaves his door unlocked and with Aelia coming in often he probably hides his stuff.. Unless he just leaves it in his locker or something.
>>
No. 633982 ID: f7c356

Then who is in the shower then?
>>
No. 633984 ID: 6e79d4

>Did he…?
Took down a whole lot of pictures.
> where would I put it? Hmm…
Near the machine?
>>
No. 633991 ID: 65a774
File 142885664796.png - (29.69KB , 900x450 , 7.png )
633991

>Huh, he's got a standard bathtub and showerhead rather than some sort of cleaning sphere.
You have no idea what he has in his bathroom, as currently there is a door blocking your view of it. But, he probably doesn’t have the same HydroEther Cleaning Chamber you got, instead having something that fit his Sakkilian life style more.
>Then who is in the shower then?
Vitus? That red lizard you met when you first got here? It’s his apartment, after all.
>Took down a whole lot of pictures.
Pictures of his whole family…you have to wonder why.

:JourneyDREAM: I doubt he would leave them somewhere within easy reach, what with him not locking his door and Aelia coming over ever so often.
:ShilseDREAM: But he probably don’t want to dig through too much crap whenever he want to relive himself, does he?
:JourneyDREAM: Still… hmm, anything near that machine over there?
:ShilseDREAM: This? Huh… it’s full of clothes… but there’s a lot of smaller drawers in here too.
:JourneyDREAM: Maybe he got something in this locker over here?
:ShilseDREAM: Just be quick about it. I don’t want him catching us digging through his stuff.
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… maybe it’s under the bed? Hey, there’s a nice, tidy white box under here!
:ShilseDREAM: Oh! Maybe he got something interesting in there! Hurry and open it before he gets out of the shower!
:JourneyDREAM: …maybe we shouldn’t…
:ShilseDREAM: What he don’t know won’t hurt him.
:JourneyDREAM: Just a quick glance won’t hurt, I guess…

As you open the white box, a cloud of dust escapes its confines and obscure your view.
:JourneyDREAM: *Cough*
As it settles, you spot a strange black garment neatly folded with a small, golden brooch placed on it. Even though the dust lay think on it, you can make out the sigil on the brooch, a broken hourglass, slowly losing its sand.

:PACDREAM: Scanning… the sigil is a perfect match for the one found at the victims place… and the robe is the same model as the one you found earlier.
:ShilseDREAM: So… what’s in it?
:JourneyDREAM:
>>
No. 633994 ID: 296917

>>633991
So much for not thinking about work. With all that dust though, whatever the association is, it's in the distant past. Ask shilse to leave the room. We should ask Vitus about this in private.
>>
No. 634015 ID: dbe554

Actually it might be best not to bring this up right now, tell her that it's just a fancy costume for now.
>>
No. 634057 ID: 9ddf68

put box back and leave the room, the water's stopped so he could walk out any minute. Wait for him in the main room and surprise him. If you can get him alone at the party as about it. Most likely case is that the guy simply gamed with the victim but he might have some information that will help the case.
>>
No. 634090 ID: 6e79d4

>Pictures of his whole family…you have to wonder why.
Really, master detective? They died. He had Cksk over to help him with the inheritance, remember? He got tired or feeling depressed, or maybe guilty, every time he was in the room. Don't bring it up and put that robe away, it sounds like he turned the water off. Just tell Shilse it's not what you're looking for.
>>
No. 634095 ID: 6e79d4

Oh, and what did the captain say in his office?
>>
No. 634144 ID: 65a774
File 142894254868.png - (30.40KB , 900x450 , 8.png )
634144

>So much for not thinking about work. With all that dust though, whatever the association is, it's in the distant past.
Whatever this thing is used for, it doesn’t seem like Vitus has done it for months or even years. You have to wonder why he’s even keeping this thing around if he doesn’t use it.
>Really, master detective? They died. He had Cksk over to help him with the inheritance, remember?
Still, you were here only yesterday. Taking a big step like that feels like it would need some more buildup… but it’s possible you missed it.
>Oh, and what did the captain say in his office?
Mostly introductions and the like, including introducing you to the people you will work with in the future and the people working your current case. She also talked a lot of standards and rules you need to follow as an officer. It was your first day on the job, after all.

:JourneyDREAM:
:ShilseDREAM: …well?
:JourneyDREAM: It’s not- err… it’s just a bunch of old, dusty stuff and not what we are looking for.
:ShilseDREAM: Aw… I guess we have to continue s-
:JourneyDREAM: I think we’ve run out of time. Put everything back where it belongs and we’ll just wait for him in the-
:VitusDREAM: Jo? Shilse? I didn’t expect to find you standing in my bedroom!
:JourneyDREAM: Err… we-
:ShilseDREAM: We’re just checking out your apartment while you were busy.
:VitusDREAM: Ah, yes, of course… now… um… might I-
:ShilseDREAM: And nice cybernetics! You actually got more work done on you then I expected! …mostly because it’s all hidden away with your clothes…
:VitusDREAM: …thanks? Now, can I please get some pri-
:ShilseDREAM: But I bet you got even more metal between the legs, don’t you, handsome?
:VitusDREAM: It’s not made ou- I mean, that’s none of your business!
:ShilseDREAM: Ah, so you’re saving it so you can show it of personally, huh? How nice of-
:VitusDREAM: Shilse, leave my bedroom so I can put on some pants… please.
:ShilseDREAM: Fair enough…
:JourneyDREAM: I guess that includes me too?
:VitusDREAM: Huh? Oh, ye- err- if you wa- I mean- you c- um…
:JourneyDREAM: I’ll just see myself out.
:VitusDREAM: Yes, o-of c-course.
>>
No. 634145 ID: 65a774
File 142894256063.png - (28.70KB , 900x450 , 9.png )
634145

:ShilseDREAM: I almost got him!
:JourneyDREAM: …you’re not even close, Shi.
:ShilseDREAM: Never say never, girlfriend! I’m sure I just need to show of some more tail to bed that mechanical hunk!
:JourneyDREAM: uh huh, sure you are…
:AeliaDREAM: Vitus? You in here!? Man, you really need to start locking your- err… hello, two well-dressed ladies standing in Vitus hallway.
:JourneyDREAM:
:ShilseDREAM: Psst, what’s up with her face?
>>
No. 634150 ID: 60700b

>what’s up with her face?
I think that's what humans call a beard. And what a Magnificent Beard.
>>
No. 634165 ID: 296917

>>634145
Bearded lady? Isn't that a bit taboo? Also it looks ridiculous. Well, don't say anything, wait for Vitus' reaction. I want to see how this goes.
>>
No. 634179 ID: 6e79d4

Aelia, why do you have a beard and how can I get one.
She does understand that it's a male thing, right?
>>
No. 634203 ID: 9ddf68

hello Aelia, you heading out to the party as well?
>>
No. 634204 ID: 65a774
File 142895802086.png - (28.36KB , 900x450 , 10.png )
634204

:JourneyDREAM: I believe that is a beard, isn’t it?
:AeliaDREAM: Indeed it is!
:ShilseDREAM: It’s all hairy and stuff!
:AeliaDREAM: Err… it is, yes?
:JourneyDREAM: While it is magnificent-
:AeliaDREAM: It’s the most magnificent beard on this whole floor!
:JourneyDREAM: -you do know it’s a male thing, right? At least, I’m pretty sure it’s a male thing… it is a male thing, isn’t it?
:AeliaDREAM: Well, yeah… but… um… I did tell you about it yesterday, didn’t I? I wanted something exotic from the male side of humans and… um…
:ShilseDREAM: It looks kind of silly, if you ask me.
:AeliaDREAM: I only wear it when I’m not in public, really… mostly because I like the feel of it… it’s so… so… silky… mmm…

:VitusDREAM: There we go, ladies, I’m ready to go- Aelia!? B-but- you were s-supposed to- err… I mean…
:AeliaDREAM: Vitus, why do you block my calls? And where are you going? You promise me that you would see that movie with me tonight, remember?
:VitusDREAM: Err… right, of course… it’s just… um… I kind of promised Jo here that we would go out and… um…
:AeliaDREAM: So you were just going to block my calls and sneak away?
:VitusDREAM: Err… I was going to apologize tomorrow… promise…
:ShilseDREAM: Hey, why won’t you come with us? We’re heading for the bar!
:AeliaDREAM: I rather not. I’ve never really liked that place… and you freaking promised, Vitus!
:VitusDREAM: Well, I… um…
:ShilseDREAM: Well, I for one is heading to the bar… and I rather not go alone. Come on, Jo.
:VitusDREAM: Wait, I don’t really want to- err… it’s a crappy movie, alright?
:AeliaDREAM: What?
:VitusDREAM: There, I said it!
:JourneyDREAM: Geez, what have I gotten myself into?
>>
No. 634209 ID: 296917

>>634204
What movie is it? Why is it so bad?
>>
No. 634211 ID: 9ddf68

first off, what movie are we talking about? Next maybe a compromise. We all head to the bar first and end the night with a movie or two. If you don't want to do one that's fine you can head home after the bar or just wait somewhere until movie time. I just want people to have fun tonight so please let's try not to argue.
>>
No. 634213 ID: dbe554

Vitus should still apologize regardless, crappy movie or not standing someone up is still rude.
>>
No. 634382 ID: 65a774
File 142902761482.png - (36.09KB , 900x450 , 11.png )
634382

:JourneyDREAM: Wait, what movie are you talking about? Why is it so bad?
:AeliaDREAM: Why, it’s this really great horror movie ca-
:VitusDREAM: You know that I hate horror movies! I’ve never liked being scared, you know.
:ShilseDREAM: Ah, come on, horror movies are the best! Just think about how nice it feels when Aelia jumps into your embrace when she gets scared!
:VitusDREAM: Except she’s completely unfazed by those… if anything, I’m the one jumping into her… um… wait a-
:AeliaDREAM: You still tried to dump me and sneak away without telling me!
:JourneyDREAM: Uh huh… I’m pretty sure both of you own each other an apology.
:VitusDREAM: Gee, sorry.
:AeliaDREAM: Why would I apologies? He’s the o-
:JourneyDREAM: I mean a sincere apology! Vitus, you should have told Aelia how you felt about those movies and Aelia, there’s no way you haven’t caught on that Vitus dislike those movies by now.
:AeliaDREAM: …fine, I’m sorry that I forced you to watch horror movies with me, Vitus… I… I just wanted to hang out with you more…
:VitusDREAM: …and I apologize that I… I should have talked with you instead of trying to run away.
:ShilseDREAM: …Now kiss!
:VitusDREAM: :AeliaDREAM: Shut it, Shi.
:JourneyDREAM: Thank you for completely ruining the moment…
:ShilseDREAM: What? What did I say?

:JourneyDREAM: Now, how about a compromise? First, we’ll out to the bar and later end the night watching a movie? A non-horror movie?
:AeliaDREAM: I already said-
:JourneyDREAM: And if you don’t want to come, you can just do something else until we get back, right? We’ll not be gone that long. So, please, I want people to have fun tonight. Let’s not argue it away!
:VitusDREAM: alright, I can work with that. We’re just going out to relax with a drink or two, yeah?
:ShilseDREAM: Unless I find some cute boy and / or girl out there~
:VitusDREAM: Err… right, so Shilse probably won’t come see the movie, then…
:AeliaDREAM: …fine, I’ll wait in my apartment, then… see if I can find an interesting movie to see.



:UnknownKAK: -have no souls! Silicon does not have souls! Silicon does not have souls!
:JourneyDREAM: Oh, what now?
:UnknownKAK: Death to all SAI’s! Don’t let them start their massacre on the organics!
:UnknownKAK: Silicon does not have souls!
:UnknownKAK: There are supposed to be a pair of abominations living on this very floor!
:UnknownKAK: We need to cleanse this filth away!
:UnknownKAK: Silicon does not have souls!
:VitusDREAM: Err…
>>
No. 634384 ID: dbe554

Hm, typical protest group, pass by we've got no business dealing with them unless we are on duty and they don't have a permit for their protest.
>>
No. 634385 ID: 60700b

>>634382
Is that Susan behind that mushroom?
>>
No. 634391 ID: 296917

>>634382
An off-duty cop can still tell them to stop blocking the elevator.

Why are they making death threats? Shouldn't their implants be stopping that?
>>
No. 634398 ID: 9ddf68

greeeaaaat, are we going to need to call the peace keepers to break this up. I'm guessing this is that anti-SAI group that came here to bitch when the terrorist SAI group called in the bomb threat.

Also are we armed? just asking because if these guys go from chanting to actually trying to assault SAIs I don't care if we're off duty I'm not going to stand by and let them hurt someone. If they're content to just chant fine as long as they have the right permits but I have a feeling we're going to have to start increasing patrols around the station if these dipshits are roaming around.
>>
No. 634585 ID: 65a774
File 142911389156.png - (36.82KB , 900x450 , 12B.png )
634585

>Are we armed?
You’re currently carrying your stun rod inside you… being composed of mostly liquid does have its perks.
>Why are they making death threats? Shouldn't their implants be stopping that?
While their implants don’t prevent them from making threats, it should be calming them. Either these people are extremely angry, or something is wrong.

:JourneyDREAM: (PAC, can you call this in?)
:PACDREAM: Of course, Jo… … …a patrol is already on its way. Three other people have already reported this “protest”. Odd, there have been reports all over the station about similar cases.

:JourneyDREAM: I guess people are mad after that bomb threat…
:VitusDREAM: You think?
:ShilseDREAM: This is just kind of sad, really… why do they want to punish all of them because of what some idiots did?
:VitusDREAM: Because people are afraid of the unknown?
:ShilseDREAM: Err… what does the unknown have to do with robots?
:VitusDREAM: SAI’s are different, thus an unknown, which means people will be afraid of them…
:JourneyDREAM: And fear breeds anger?
:ShilseDREAM: And anger leads to hate and hate leads to suffering! Of course!
:VitusDREAM: …err, what?
:ShilseDREAM: I saw that in a movie. A human one, I think…
:VitusDREAM: Right…

:JourneyDREAM: Wait, Susan? Is that you?
:SusanDREAM: Err… hello?
:VitusDREAM: What are you doing back there?
:SusanDREAM: Um… keeping out of sight? I… err… I don’t really feel comfortable with those… those kind of people around…
:VitusDREAM: Then why are you hanging around near the tram station?
:SusanDREAM: Well… um… Brother is on one of those meetings of his and… errs… I don’t really want to be alone right now so… um…
:ShilseDREAM: Oh! Then come to the bar with us!
:SusanDREAM: The bar? Err… no thanks, I rather not be around drunk people right now… not with the current… “climate”.

:DreamerDREAM: Hey, you’re standing the way, can you please move aside?
:UnknownKAK: We have the right-
:DreamerDREAM: You don’t have the right to block off the tram station. Now move it or I’ll call someone to arrest you.
:UnknownKAK: …Fine, we’ll move, tyrant, but know that you pesky government will fall to the will of the people!
:DreamerDREAM: Uh huh… sure it is…
:ShilseDREAM: So… um… are we heading to the bar before something else happens or not?
>>
No. 634590 ID: 60700b

>>634585
Oh hey, it's that Cibic officer that was unprofessional at interrogating a SAI.

Speaking of, did you actually meet your future partner yet?
>>
No. 634604 ID: 296917

>>634585
What's the news talking about? You know it's possible that the protests are fake, and this is an excuse for members of a conspiracy to gather at chokepoints, possibly to hunt down someone. It's also possible someone has figured out how to disable the implants...
Let's go to the thing. Nothing we can do right now.

Hey can I get a clarification on the Godhand? Is it cybernetic, nanotech, or a biomod? I thought it was supposed to be cybernetic but it doesn't look any different and it doesn't wind up floating around when Journey is in blob form.
>>
No. 634615 ID: 9ddf68

wonder if it's possible to mess with implants. I mean I know there was a bombing with the trams not to long ago but I really don't think it would generate this much anit-SAI support this quickly unless everyone on the station was a closet SAI hater or something else is going on. And for some reason I can't help but think that some of these protesters or nothing more then holograms like the robber not to far back just meant to stir up shit and slow us down even though I know that's very unlikely.

Oh and can you see what the news has to say?
>>
No. 634776 ID: 65a774
File 142920452052.png - (34.50KB , 900x450 , 13.png )
634776

>Hey can I get a clarification on the Godhand? Is it cybernetic, nanotech, or a biomod?
The GODHANDtm is a cybernetic enchantment that increase strength, speed and precision of the enchanted arm. Please refer to the pretty pictures for more information.
>What's the news talking about?
:PACDREAM: *BEEP* -ut no further action or statements have been made from the terrorist group “Deus Machina” after the bomb threat issued earlier today. Peace keeper forces have concluded that these threats were fakes and were made for publicities sake. …this just in, several anti-SAI protest groups have appeared and are trying to block off several tram stations across the station. Further news as it develops.
>did you actually meet your future partner yet?
Your boss told you that you’ll probably meet her tomorrow morning, if everything goes according to plan.
>Wonder if it's possible to mess with implants.
The mere possibility of the ability to mess with implants without direct connection is freighting, if anything. You hope you don’t have to go up against some kind of brain hacker that can mind control people in the end… even though that would be cool as hell.
>You know it's possible that the protests are fake, and this is an excuse for members of a conspiracy to gather at chokepoints, possibly to hunt down someone.
They don’t seem to be really coordinated. It would be simpler if whatever conspiracy that’s responsible riled these people up to… well… do something… or, you know, they can just be normal protesters.

>I know there was a bombing with the trams not too long ago but I really don't think it would generate this much anit-SAI support this quickly unless everyone on the station was a closet SAI hater
:JourneyDREAM: …hey, is this kind of anti-SAI support normal?
:VitusDREAM: Well, there’s always been some anti-SAI sentiment here… but most people is rather okay with it. In fact, there’s a rather popular anti-SAI group running around that got over two thousand member here.
:ShilseDREAM: Wow, that’s a lot…
:VitusDREAM: Considering that there is a few million people living on this station, is actually isn’t. But, you know, it’s the vocal minority that is the most visible and all that, yeah? Of course, they generally protest outside public establishments, not the tram station on a random floor.
:SusanDREAM: It’s usually a lot better here… at least, if you compare with the rest of the galaxy… that’s why me and bro live here.

>Oh hey, it's that Cibic officer that was unprofessional at interrogating a SAI.
:JourneyDREAM: Hey, didn’t you say I was the first Cibic you ever saw on this floor, Susan?
:SusanDREAM: Um… yeah, pretty much?
:JourneyDREAM: Then what is officer Dreamer of… err…
:PACDREAM: Freedom.
:JourneyDREAM: Dreamer of Freedom doing here?
:SusanDREAM: Huh? You mean that Cibic that just arrived? Never seen her before.
:VitusDREAM: Yeah, same here. Never seen him before.
:ShilseDREAM: Either way, she’s hot.
:JourneyDREAM: Uh huh… I wonder what he’s doing here…

>Let's go to the thing. Nothing we can do right now.
:JourneyDREAM: Never mind that, let’s get going.
:SusanDREAM: Wait, are you just going to leave me here!?
:VitusDREAM: Err… no, of course not… hey, you know what, Aelia wants to see a movie with someone. Why don’t you head to her place and hang out with her, yeah?
:JourneyDREAM: We’ll get back there later tonight too.
:SusanDREAM: Um… I usually don’t hang out with her but… alright, that sounds fun. See you guys later then!
:ShilseDREAM: So, are we done here, girlfriend and boyfriend?
:VitusDREAM: Yeah, pretty much… let’s go.
>>
No. 634777 ID: 65a774
File 142920453488.png - (16.68KB , 900x450 , 14.png )
634777

:VitusDREAM: Well, here we are…
:ShilseDREAM: Oh, so much pretty people… it’s like one of those human smorgbor!
:VitusDREAM: I believe it’s smorgasbord?
:JourneyDREAM: What does that even mean?
:VitusDREAM: Um… I think it’s a sandwich table or something?
:ShilseDREAM: Either way, I’m sure to find an incu-
:VitusDREAM: We really don’t need to know what you’ll do to the poor person you successfully charm.
:JourneyDREAM: So… um… should we sit down somewhere or…?
:VitusDREAM: Well… um… If you can find a table? Otherwise we can hang out in the bar? …or maybe go to the dance floor? I think they got one of those here somewhere… either way, what do you want to drink?
:JourneyDREAM: …I don’t even know what they serve.
:VitusDREAM: Well, pretty much anything. So… you want to have a Cibic drink? Or maybe a human or Serpent one? Oh, maybe a sakkilian, yeah?
>>
No. 634780 ID: dbe554

Those berry made sakkilian drinks sound pretty good, like the one EoH served you...Of course this could be a good time to experiment with new drinks, like human wines or Serpent types.

..Can you combine them? Like a drink made up of several varieties! Though the dance floor sounds nice.
>>
No. 634783 ID: 9ddf68

I say sample some other races drinks to see if you have a taste for any of them but try to keep them light and don't have to much seeing as we do have plans after we're done drinking.
>>
No. 634785 ID: 6e79d4

Ask your friends for recommendations, but make sure Shilse isn't going to get you drunk.
>>
No. 634813 ID: 296917

>>634777
There's Dreamer of Freedom again... talking to an Uredo we haven't seen before, I think?

First thing's first. Ask Vitus what's the deal with that box under his bed. Don't say what's in it at first. If he lies about it, call him out on the lie, and ask again what it is. Keep forcing him to give you facts you already know, until he starts giving you facts you don't know. Interrogate him for serious, because dammit this is important.
On an unrelated topic ask what's up with him taking down all the pictures of his wife so soon.
>>
No. 634820 ID: 65a774
File 142921785391.png - (15.29KB , 900x450 , 15.png )
634820

:JourneyDREAM: Well, those sakkilian drinks were sweet and delicious…
:ShilseDREAM: That’s not the only sakkilian thing th-
:VitusDREAM: So you want a sakkilian drink, then?
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… actually, I want to try something new… something from another species. You two got any recommendations? Just keep it light, alright?
:VitusDREAM: Well, you can always try one of those human beers… some of the heavier ones taste quite good. Just stay away from the light ones, as they taste like pisswater.
:ShilseDREAM: Oh, you should try some Serpens drinks! If anyone knows how to do liquids it’s us!
:JourneyDREAM: And if I follow your advice I’ll probably be drunk and naked in less than an hour.
:ShilseDREAM: Hey, you asked for my advice!
:JourneyDREAM: Besides, I already tested one of your soups. Sure, it was delicious, but I rather try something new… but still, “pisswater” isn’t really inviting either…
:VitusDREAM: Then try some Hiver wine, yeah? I know a brand that got this really good droneworm honey in it.
:JourneyDREAM: Yeah, alright, sure. I guess some of this wine stuff is alright.
:VitusDREAM: Then here you go, Jo.

Exited, you quickly sample the glass given to you. While not as tasty as the Sakkilian brew you had yesterday, it’s still a pleasant experience, if an odd one with strong aftertaste.

:JourneyDREAM: So… the dance floor, maybe?
:VitusDREAM: Yeah, sure.
:ShilseDREAM: Why don’t you two lovers head over there ahead of me. I need to find myself a dance partner first, if you get my drift.
:VitusDREAM: Sure, we get it.
:ShilseDREAM: See you guys in a bit!

:ShuiDREAM: Come on, man, you can do it. At least try talking to her! If you don’t even try you’ll never have chance.
:JidaiDREAM: That’s what you said the last hundred times… and so far the closes thing I’ve got is a slap to the face…

:DreamerDREAM: -but their main sprinter is injured after that last game an- wait, was that-

:JourneyDREAM: Huh… so this is the dance floor?
:VitusDREAM: I guess, yeah?
:JourneyDREAM: Seems a bit… empty…
:VitusDREAM: Well, it’s still early… and a weekday to boot.
:JourneyDREAM: Huh…
:VitusDREAM: So… um… h-how about… w-why don’t we go and find a table or something, yeah? Or… um… err…
:JourneyDREAM:

:JourneyDREAM: …hey, can I ask you something?
:VitusDREAM: Um… sure?
:JourneyDREAM: Why did you take down those pictures of your wife so soon?
:VitusDREAM: I… wait, what? Err… Jo, I’ve never been married. What do y- wait, you mean those pictures of my family?
:JourneyDREAM: Err… yes, those…
:VitusDREAM: Well… err… my therapist have suggested that I would do that for some time now and… um… I guess you helped me to start moving on a bit, I guess?
:JourneyDREAM: Oh.
:VitusDREAM: So… I don’t need to be reminded all the time that they are gone… and I’ll have you known, I’ve never been married.
:JourneyDREAM: Sorry, I didn’t know wh-
:VitusDREAM: In fact, I haven’t had a Sakkilian mate since late hatchling school.
:JourneyDREAM: …late what now?
:VitusDREAM: Late hatchling school… it’s like… um… school for ages between thirteen and fifteen, I guess?
:JourneyDREAM: …so, you’ve been a xenophile since then?
:VitusDREAM: Pretty much, yeah… it kind of came over me when I… um… found a certain corner of the- oh, you know how you are that age… heh… um…

:JourneyDREAM: Indeed… um… I got another question.
:VitusDREAM: Shoot.
:JourneyDREAM: … …what’s in the box?
:VitusDREAM: Err… what box?
:JourneyDREAM: …the box under your bed? The white one?
:VitusDREAM: The… white one? …um… do I have a box under my- wait… how do y- You were snooping around with Shilse, weren’t you!?
:JourneyDREAM: Um… kind of, ye-
:VitusDREAM: Kind of!? You were going through my stuff! That’s just… just… just rude! And here I thought I should trust you!
:JourneyDREAM: Err…
:VitusDREAM: …and I still have no idea what box you’re talking about! I can’t remember a white box under my bed!
:JourneyDREAM: Well-
:VitusDREAM: But who cares what’s in it! You and Shilse- you- and… you broke my trust! I invited you in and you… you… GAH!
:JourneyDREAM:
>>
No. 634829 ID: 9ddf68

1. I'm sorry and it was mostly just to keep shilse busy so she wouldn't walk in on you while you were showering. I figured it would be the lesser of the two evils.

and 2.
...
The hourglass and the cloak, it reminding me of someone who's no longer around to ask so I thought I'd ask you. I want to know what those things meant and when I saw that you had them the questions resurfaced on my mind. Oh and before you get any ideas no they weren't a lover or anything like that. Hell I've never really had anything more then a few small time crashes for the past couple years that never really went anywhere.
>>
No. 634847 ID: 6e79d4

>You were snooping around with Shilse, weren’t you!?
I'm sorry! I never thought that Shilse could be convincing and I was caught off guard! And... I was kinda worried.
>>
No. 634873 ID: dbe554

Yeah I snooped, I apologize for it, Shilse gave me the idea but I acted on it.
>>
No. 634877 ID: 296917

...but seriously, he doesn't remember the box? I didn't think it was THAT dusty.
>>
No. 634890 ID: 6e79d4

>>634829
Don't mention you know about the hourglass thing from his room. If the conversation shifts to work and you can bring up evidence naturally than do so, but don't make him madder than he is.

>>634877
He's lying.
>>
No. 634901 ID: 296917

>>634890
Well if he IS lying then complaining about broken trust could be just an attempt to dodge the issue. I mean all we did was ask him what's in the box. That doesn't mean we were looking through his stuff, only that we were looking AT his stuff.
>>
No. 634959 ID: 65a774
File 142929008664.png - (16.78KB , 900x450 , 16.png )
634959

:JourneyDREAM: I… I’m sorry. I… err… I wanted to keep Shilse busy so she wouldn’t walk in on you while you were in the shower.
:VitusDREAM: So… now it’s suddenly Shilse’s fault? Well, I have to admit, I was expecting her to do something like this… but you? And now you’re trying to shift the blame too?
:JourneyDREAM: No, I meant- I never thought she would be so convincing and I… I was caught of guard and-
:VitusDREAM:
:JourneyDREAM: …Alright, I admit it. I was curious and I snooped around. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings.
:VitusDREAM: Hmm…
:JourneyDREAM: It… it was a stupid thing to do and… I’ll make it up to, Vitus, I promise.
:VitusDREAM: …well, how about allowing me to snoop around in your apartment later tonight, yeah?
:JourneyDREAM: …fine, if that’s what it takes.
:VitusDREAM: Then I forgive you, Jo.

:JourneyDREAM: …but you can only look at my stuff, not through!
:VitusDREAM: Hey, that’s not fair, you were-
:JourneyDREAM: I was only looking at your stuff, not through it. That’s why I asked what was in the box.
:VitusDREAM: …So, you just saw some random box under my bed and became curios what’s in it? Why?
:JourneyDREAM: Well… err… you see… it was… um… really dusty? I even had a coughing fit when I picked i-
:VitusDREAM: Objection!
:JourneyDREAM: …huh? Ob what now?
:VitusDREAM: You said it was dusty? That’s impossible!
:JourneyDREAM: …what?
:VitusDREAM: See, all the apartments have automatic cleaning procedures. If it was in the open for you to look at without going through my stuff, it wouldn’t have been dusty! In fact, the only way for it to be dusty is if the inside was! That means you opened it and thus were going through my stuff!
:JourneyDREAM: … …that’s… um… alright, I admit it, I went through your stuff… you can go through my stuff to at your leisure, then.
:VitusDREAM: See, you shouldn’t try to lie to- wait, if you opened the box, then why are you asking-

:DreamerDREAM: Ah, a glorious dawn to you, Song of the Journey!
:VitusDREAM: Huh, wait wh-
:JourneyDREAM: Dreamer of Freedom?
:DreamerDREAM: Good, you remember me. I wanted to apologize for earlier today. I was a bit… overzealous.
:JourneyDREAM: …you shouldn’t apologize to me, but the SAI you were trying to frame.
:DreamerDREAM: Err… well, I can’t really get in contact with it anymore but- I still wanted to say I was sorry and that I left a bad first expression. How about I make it up for you, beautiful sea? Maybe buy you a drink? After all, you’re new here and don’t know the best local drinks for our sophisticated Cibic taste buds, do you, opal of the seas?
:JourneyDREAM: Well, err…
:VitusDREAM: She already got a drink, bud.
:DreamerDREAM: May I also offer up some of this station best cardboard?
:VitusDREAM: Err… what?
:JourneyDREAM: Oh! Cardboard! I love that stuff!
:DreamerDREAM: Just wait until you taste this kind… but first, as were already on the dance floor… how about a dance, beautiful opal.
:VitusDREAM: B-but I-
:DreamerDREAM: I’m sure you’re looking forward to share momentum with a real liquid body instead of two big, clumsy feet, gorgeous sea.
:VitusDREAM: H-hey!
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm…
:VitusDREAM: (*Grumble* Jerk…)
>>
No. 634961 ID: 60700b

I must apologize, Dreamer, but I must make amends with my friend here, for I was rather rude with him.
>>
No. 634990 ID: 296917

It would be rude to abandon your friend, but maybe a short dance would be okay? One song. Find out more about this Cibic, see if they could be a friend or if they're going to be a pain in the ass.
>>
No. 635123 ID: 65a774
File 142937550620.png - (17.37KB , 900x450 , 17.png )
635123

>Find out more about this Cibic, see if they could be a friend or if they're going to be a pain in the ass.
:JourneyDREAM: …well, I’ve promised to spend the night with my friends…
:VitusDREAM: Yeah, so b-
:JourneyDREAM: But one dance can’t hurt, now can it?
:VitusDREAM: Huh?
:DreamerDREAM: Ah, of course, emerald clad. I’ll be honored if you should spare but one dance.
:JourneyDREAM: Though, I don’t know about this music… I’ve never danced to something that sounds like… this before.
:DreamerDREAM: Don’t worry, I’m well versed in these alien tunes. Just follow my lead and you’ll do fine, Sunlit sea.
:VitusDREAM: Wait, w-
:JourneyDREAM: Here, guard my drink while I’m away, Viti.
:VitusDREAM: Err… sure?
:DreamerDREAM: Then step right this way…

Whatever else you can say about this Dreamer one thing is for certain, he knows how to dance. As your liquids comingle with his in a rapid whirl, you spot Vitus staring at your unity with both anger and sadness in his eyes, while your partner sports more of a smirk. You continue the dance until the current melody dies down, ending your trip in the light fantastic. But as you disengage an odd feeling wash over you. A pure, unrefined feeling that drowns out all others, if only for a second…

HATE.
>>
No. 635124 ID: 65a774
File 142937551848.png - (17.07KB , 900x450 , 18.png )
635124

:JourneyDREAM: Ugh, w-what…?
:DreamerDREAM: Huh? Is something the matter?
:JourneyDREAM: No, it’s just…
:VitusDREAM: Clearly your footwork sc- wait, I mean- err… your danc-
:DreamerDREAM: If anything is annoying the lady, then it’s your incapability to even do the smallest of task she ask of you.
:VitusDREAM: …what do you mean with that?
:JourneyDREAM: …don’t worry about me, guys, I’m fine…
>>
No. 635139 ID: 296917

>>635124
Shit. Find your implant. Get rid of it, it's compromised. You should be able to do that, I mean, you're mostly goo, right? Someone just tried to use it against you. I suspect other people will be less resistant. Maybe only CIBICs are resistant. Ask the others if they just felt what you felt, and report it! Actually we don't even need to confirm with the others. That guy over there just got punched in the face...

I sure hope you have your stun rod, you may need it today.
>>
No. 635143 ID: 6e79d4

Was Vitus glaring that hard? Any ideas, PAC?

Voice your disdain if they keep up the passive aggressive bullshit.
>>
No. 635153 ID: 9ddf68

so something IS fucking with peoples heads. check your implants to see if anything is obviously wrong and react appropriately.
>>
No. 635158 ID: dbe554

Looks like Jidai just struck out, also mention that you feel a bit unwell right now, you seem to be imagining things.

Also tell him to cut out the insults to Vitus, he's a friend, being an asshole aint attractive!
>>
No. 635161 ID: 65a774
File 142939395414.png - (17.57KB , 900x450 , 19.png )
635161

>I sure hope you have your stun rod, you may need it today.
As you’ve already stated, you got your stun rod hidden inside your person, so to speak.
>Shit. Find your implant. Get rid of it, it's compromised.
While your first instinct is to try and rip it out, you quickly realize that because it’s built directly into your brain trying to tamper with it would be suicide without the proper tools and training. With what you have, being able to reach it, let alone take it out would probably kill you or at least leave you brain damaged.

>Was Vitus glaring that hard? Any ideas, PAC?
:PACDREAM: Hate, you say? Interesting.
:JourneyDREAM: (I didn’t feel angry… it was more like… I really despised someone.)
:PACDREAM: I can’t say what caused that reaction, but what I can say is that the implants you have cannot actually change your feeling in any way or form.
:JourneyDREAM: (…but they stifle aggression, right?)
:PACDREAM: I do not have the exact schematics on how they work, but they aren’t removing anger and hate as much as they are damping aggressive impulses. You’d be surprised how much less violent people are when then get time to think.
:JourneyDREAM: (So… if I reversed it?)
:PACDREAM: That would not work. The only thing you can do with these implants is to shut them off and even that wouldn’t do something like what you describe. In fact, there are many known cases where implants have malfunction and the owner haven’t notice in years, as they weren’t aggressive people to being with.
>Check your implants to see if anything is obviously wrong and react appropriately.
:PACDREAM: Scanning… no faults found in any implants.
>report it!
:PACDREAM: Already done.

>That guy over there just got punched in the face...
At first glance, the red liquid on the humans face does resemble blood but at a closer inspection it seems to be wi-

:JourneyDREAM: Hey, wait a minute! Did that woman just throw MY glass of wine in Jidai’s face!?
:VitusDREAM: Huh? What do- oh… err…
:DreamerDREAM: Nice job watching over the lady’s drink, lizard.
:VitusDREAM: Oh, go flush yourself, you taffer.
:JourneyDREAM: Stop it you two! You’re acting like two fracking kids!
:VitusDREAM: S-sorry…
:JourneyDREAM: While I’m flattered that you’re willing to fight for me, I barely know either of you. So stop acting like assholes and let’s all be friends, alright?
:VitusDREAM: Yes, of course… please accept my apologies, Dreamer of… Dawn?
:DreamerDREAM: Freedom… and apology accepted.

:JourneyDREAM: One more thing… just when we were done dancing… did anyone feel something… weird?
:VitusDREAM: Err… I don’t think so?
:DreamerDREAM: Why, I felt-
:JourneyDREAM: Did you actually feel something, or is that just the start of a compliment?
:DreamerDREAM: Hng… it’s… um… I didn’t feel anything, no.
:VitusDREAM: Are you alright, Jo?
:JourneyDREAM: I… don’t know. I think I imagined something… but… never mind that, it’s probably nothing.
:VitusDREAM: …are you sure?
:DreamerDREAM: She already said she was fine…
>>
No. 635162 ID: 296917

...could it have been the mingling? Is THAT possible- that you picked up a trace emotion from Dreamer of Freedom? It's possible Dreamer really hates something or someone. Maybe... you, because of how you embarrassed him in the interrogation room. Maybe he's trying to get close to you to ruin your life? Or maybe he hates someone else, and the dance reminded him of it. How do Cibic emotional chemicals work? It seemed like everyone nearby got angry at once, but maybe that was coincidence. I don't suppose empaths or psychics are real, are they?

Anyway... just say that Dreamer can buy you a replacement drink, since he was offering earlier. Ask what he's doing around here. This isn't near where he lives.
>>
No. 635163 ID: 6e79d4

The way Vitus went from being upset for multiple- and dare I add valid- reasons to showing concern makes me think he knows something. Humor him, and explain it away as a weird reaction to whatever was in that Hiver wine if you need to.
>>
No. 635304 ID: 65a774
File 142946599266.png - (14.98KB , 900x450 , 20.png )
635304

>...could it have been the mingling?
You’re pretty sure that’s not how emotions work… but… somehow, you can’t shake the feeling it played a part in what you felt.
>How do Cibic emotional chemicals work?
They are in your brain, like in all species. Your outer goo shell does not contain anything but… well, goo.
>I don't suppose empaths or psychics are real, are they?
:PACDREAM: This is sci-fi, not fantasy! …err, I mean, this is real life, not a fantasy novel!

>The way Vitus went from being upset for multiple- and dare I add valid- reasons to showing concern makes me think he knows something.
…Of course, clearly those black robes are worn by a secret cabal full of wizards that can change people emotions! It’s so obvious! …at least you wish it was like that. That would be kick ass… and just think what a wizard like that could… heh…

:JourneyDREAM: Hey, Dreamer… I hope you don’t mind me asking, but what are you even doing here?
:DreamerDREAM: Err… have a nice time with you?
:JourneyDREAM: No, I mean… here, as in the bar. You don’t live nearby, do you?
:DreamerDREAM: Oh, I… I was meeting a friend that lives nearby. We usually met up closer to my turf but today we decided to head out here instead. First time being on this floor, to be honest. Why do you ask?
:JourneyDREAM: Just curios.

:JourneyDREAM: Either way, seems like I’m missing a drink.
:VitusDREAM: Yeah, I’ll go-
:DreamerDREAM: No, It’s only right that I-
:JourneyDREAM: Now, now, I said stop fighting and be friendly with each other! Dreamer did promise me a drink, didn’t he?
:DreamerDREAM: Indeed I did. I’ll go get a drink you’ll really love! Don’t worry, I know the bartender, so it will blend a drink of the very best quality. Back in a bit!
:VitusDREAM: Uh huh… I hope there’s a long line to the bar…

:JourneyDREAM: … …hey, about what you asked…
:VitusDREAM: Huh?
:JourneyDREAM: I think there might have been something in that wine I had… I… I suddenly felt a really strong… well, I felt really hateful for a moment.
:VitusDREAM: …y-you felt hateful!? That’s no- I mean… I’m pretty sure wine shouldn’t have that effect.
:JourneyDREAM: …hmm… well-
:VitusDREAM: oh, and before Dreaming of jerks comes back, I need to ask you. What was it in that box you found that’s so interesting? I’m kind of curios now, as I can’t honestly remember it, yeah?
:JourneyDREAM: …hmm… does a black robe and a destroyed hourglass mean anything to you?
:VitusDREAM: …a-a what? B-black robe? I… err… no, I have no idea what that’s… um… but… why would I have a robe and sigil in my… did someone sneak that in there? I….err… this is very odd…
:JourneyDREAM: Uh huh…

You have a feeling there’s more than one person here trying to hide something here.
>>
No. 635310 ID: 6d4595

Tell him not to mention them to Dreamer at all, he seems to be pretty overzealous at times if that interrogation you saw was any indication. He might try to bring Vitus in, even though you were already pretty sure he doesn't have anything to do with it because of all the dust. And since the stuff is either old enough that Vitus doesn't remember, or just planted there by someone else, it looks like it's just a false lead. Generally, be specific enough that Vitus should realize something bigger's going on with that stuff if he really does know, but vague enough that he doesn't end up getting any actual details. And try not to say anything that implies you think Vitus is lying
>>
No. 635313 ID: 296917

>>635304
Tell him it's very important that you know what the robe and sigil are for. It's related to your investigation, so if he lies to you about it, he's obstructing justice.

Also hey, Cibic are hybrids, right? Is it possible you have two consciousnesses? Maybe the hate came from the other one. Or maybe a simpler explanation is that Dreamer put something in you, like some kind of drug. Possibly even accidentally, like maybe someone's drugged Dreamer. Or he's taking drugs. Are there any known drugs that can cause hate like that?
>>
No. 635317 ID: 6e79d4

>>635304
Show him the image of the hourglass, tell him it's very important he be honest, there could be danger involved. If he is involved and it's not some kind of frame job or threat, tell him what happened to the other guy.

Otherwise the whole thing with the robes is a frame job, just like how deus machina got co-opted.
>>
No. 635344 ID: ea6454

Say that the last person we know of who was associated with an organization having that symbol was killed recently, so we were concerned that anyone else who is or was involved with it might also be in danger.
>>
No. 635353 ID: 65a774
File 142947591714.png - (17.14KB , 900x450 , 21.png )
635353

>Also hey, Cibic are hybrids, right? Is it possible you have two consciousnesses?
You know enough about your own biology to know that’s not how it works. While you’re technically a being of two minds, both of them are feral without the other. It’s only when they combine into one consciousness that they achieve sentience, which means that their minds are intervened closely enough for them to feel the same thing at all times.
>a simpler explanation is that Dreamer put something in you, like some kind of drug. Possibly even accidentally, like maybe someone's drugged Dreamer. Or he's taking drugs.
:PACDREAM: The easiest way to check that is to run a quick diagnostic of your system to find any foreign substances. It will be done in just a few minutes.
>Are there any known drugs that can cause hate like that?
:PACDREAM: There are some mind altering drugs that can cause aggressiveness and anger as rare side-effects, though most are related to withdrawal and not the drug itself.

:JourneyDREAM: Vitus, this is very important… in fact, it’s connected to my job.
:VitusDREAM: Wait, the peace keepers are involved!?
:JourneyDREAM: So stop lying and tell me what they are.
:VitusDREAM: I… I w-wasn’t lying!
:JourneyDREAM: You said you didn’t know about a robe and a sigil… I never mentioned a sigil, just a broken hourglass.
:VitusDREAM: Err… I… I didn’t… um… right, just… just promise to not think less of me for this.
:JourneyDREAM: I promise that I will think about it rationally.
:VitusDREAM: Well… err… see, that’s sigil and robe is for a roleplaying group… I… err… I joined them when I first arrived here… when I was still young and… um… and, you know… I was with them for about a year… then I met my first alien girlfriend and… well, left them.
:JourneyDREAM: …you didn’t actually explain what they were. Roleplaying what?
:VitusDREAM: Oh, you know… it’s… um… that kind of adult, bedroom kind of roleplay, yeah? That’s what the robes are for… we were the… um… “bad guy cult” while a group four floors down were the “good guy heros”… and stuff… um… that’s about it, really…
:JourneyDREAM: …It’s a sex club!?
:VitusDREAM: When you put it like that… err…

:JourneyDREAM: Ugh… just… just don’t mention it to Dreamer, alright?
:VitusDREAM: Yeah, don’t worry about that…
:JourneyDREAM: …speaking of Dreamer, shouldn’t he have come back by now?
:VitusDREAM: …I can’t see him at the bar either. Did he run off?
:JourneyDREAM: Huh, that’s odd…

:PACDREAM: I have found something interesting, Jo. I have found a small Nano-machine that tried to interact with your comm-mod. When I inspected it, it sent me a string of random gibberish before self-destructing. …it’s fully possible that this machine was transferred to you when you danced with Dreamer of Freedom, but I can’t say for sure when it entered your system.
:JourneyDREAM: (Wait, Nano-machines!? The crap!?)
>>
No. 635363 ID: dbe554

I have got to give Shilse Credit, one typically doesn't try and give Uredo the Egg cannon.

Though you might want to mention the actual significance of the robe to Vitus, that it was found at a crime scene and that's why you were worried.
>>
No. 635367 ID: 6e79d4

>…It’s a sex club!?
Oh don't act like that's the worst thing you've heard today.

Well it sounds like Vitus knew the victim, you should explain what happened and ask what he knows. Pac, any strange activity from the com mod? The nano-machine either entered through Dreamer meaning he's either a double agent or he's been compromised, or it was in your drink. Who can get nanomachines?
>>
No. 635368 ID: 296917

>>635353
Can't you just ask where Dreamer is? Also find out who that Uredo was he was talking to. He should be notified about the nanomachine thing, so he can do a self-scan too. However I find it more likely it was done on purpose and now he's running away. If you don't get any info or Dreamer was never actually here and that was someone disguised as him somehow, ask Shilse if they saw him leave.

I'm guessing that HQ has been notified about the presence of the nanomachine. Is it possible for them to be dangerous or does everyone have defenses against them? If the tech to make them is available you'd think that counter-tech would be available too...

Lastly, ask Vitus if he knows who else was in that group, specifically those who may still be active in it. We should follow up on that possible lead.
>>
No. 635370 ID: 6e79d4

Also does Shilse look transparent?
>>
No. 635380 ID: 60700b

>>635353
>Nano-machines
Time to schedule routine scans.

Don't forget to send a report about the last one to HQ.

And check the comm-mod for damage.
>>
No. 635467 ID: 65a774
File 142954545313.png - (17.60KB , 900x450 , 22.png )
635467

>Does Shilse look transparent?
You’re pretty sure that’s just a trick of the light.
>I have got to give Shilse Credit, one typically doesn't try and give Uredo the Egg cannon.
You have to wonder if she knows it’s genderless or if she is just hoping this one is “moded”.
>Oh don't act like that's the worst thing you've heard today.
That’s just the thing! You were hoping on some freaky cabal of cultist that sacrifices virgins to a dark god or something… not some orgy club. It’s a real letdown, that’s what it is.

>I'm guessing that HQ has been notified about the presence of the nanomachine.
:PACDREAM: Yes.
>Pac, any strange activity from the com mod?
:PACDREAM: …not that I can detect. I’ll keep an eye on it.
>Who can get nanomachines?
:PACDREAM: Nano-machines are currently on an extremely experimental stage and does not see any commercial use at this date. The only one who would have access to those would be people actually researching them. I bet Sol Corp have a lot of money invested in that kind of thing.
>Is it possible for them to be dangerous or does everyone have defenses against them?
:PACDREAM: As I mentioned, they are still experimental. The data I can get from the archives shows that they are trying to create Nano-machines that would be able to repair machinery automatically, but they still don’t work correctly.

:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… Vitus, did you know a mantis by the name of Trak… err… Truk- Tre-
:PACDREAM: Tr’ak’kq’urk.
:JourneyDREAM: That name.
:VitusDREAM: Err… I don’t think so? Why?
:JourneyDREAM: Because he owns a robe like this… and he’s connected to a case I have.
:VitusDREAM: Well, I can’t say if I’ve ever met him. I mean, it was a few years ago and we never used our real names when we were… um… roleplaying…
:JourneyDREAM: Ah… so you don’t know him then.
:VitusDREAM: I can’t really help you, sorry… um… well, I guess I can give you the address where we used to meet. It’s the apartment of the one who created it… Can’t remember her or her husband’s name, though.
:JourneyDREAM: Thanks.
:PACDREAM: The address matches the one found on that website.

>Can't you just ask where Dreamer is?
:PACDREAM: I can’t give you his current whereabouts, sorry.
:JourneyDREAM: I’ll just ask the bartender then… Excuse me? Have y-
:UnknownKAK: You’re “Songs of journeying”, correct?
:JourneyDREAM: Err… it’s song of the journey, but sure?
:UnknownKAK: A dreamer left a message for you. “Sorry, but something came up. See you another sunrise.”. He also paid for a drink that he wanted you to have. I got it right here if you want it.
:JourneyDREAM: Huh… and his friend?
:UnknownKAK: I can’t tell who he has mingled with, sorry.

:ShuiDREAM: Vitus? Is that you? Oh, and Journey too? What are you two doing here?
:JidaiDREAM: Oh, hello Vit- OH GODS, It’s the cop! Don’t arrest me! I haven’t done anything illegal!
:JourneyDREAM: Err… what?
:JidaiDREAM: DON’T TAZE ME! POLICE BRUTALITY!
:JourneyDREAM: …I don’t even know what tase is…
:ShuiDREAM: Dammit, dude, I’ve told you to calm down when we’re around beautiful women.
:JidaiDREAM: S-sorry… wait, who’s a woman? The lizard?
:ShuiDREAM: Ugh… sorry for Jidai… he’s still a bit… jumpy.
>>
No. 635469 ID: dbe554

Tase? Maybe he means stun, maybe it's human slang for it.

Also Shui should've been a bit quieter, it seems we have another who thinks we are quite beautiful. Knew the outfit was a good idea.

Also you might want to suggest Jidai get something to drink...or medicine, he just sounds so horribly paranoid and jumpy. I mean your off duty!
>>
No. 635488 ID: 6e79d4

I guess we should take a pass on that drink. It looks like maybe Jidai could use it.
>I don’t even know what tase is…
Well it doesn't sound pleasant.
>>
No. 635489 ID: 4149aa

Don't taze me bro. Much meme, wow.
>>
No. 635496 ID: 296917

>>635467
Drink the drink?
>>
No. 635500 ID: 65a774
File 142956382947.png - (16.79KB , 900x450 , 23.png )
635500

>Tase? Maybe he means stun, maybe it's human slang for it.
Whatever it is, you’re positive you’ve never heard it before. It does sound rather negative, considering how much Jidai freaked out about it.
>Also Shui should've been a bit quieter, it seems we have another who thinks we are quite beautiful.
…while you do love the attention, this is getting kind of silly… and wasn’t he pining for Aelia?
>Knew the outfit was a good idea.
You should consider using a dangerous weapon like this with more care in the future…
>Drink the drink?
You carefully sip your new drink… it’s rather tasty... and it even got small flakes of cardboard in it!

:JourneyDREAM: …Indeed, you do seem a bit… jumpy. Why don’t you take a drink? I’ll-
:JidaiDREAM: I-I don’t d-drink… s-sorry…
:JourneyDREAM: Oh… then… um… are you always this… paranoid?
:ShuiDREAM: He’s still a bit worked up since… um… that thing happened at the BTL store.
:JidaiDREAM: I… I d-don’t like g-guns, alright?
:JourneyDREAM: Really? I didn’t think someone living here would see a lot of guns.
:JidaiDREAM: I… um… I grew up in human space, actually… on… o-on one of the m-more… um… poorer colonies…
:ShuiDREAM: He’s always been paranoid and jumpy since I’ve met him… I guess that colony you grew up on left a mark on him. Of course, he’s a bit more worked up right now then he usually is… probably because he don’t like cops ve-
:JidaiDREAM: Wha- NO! I-I-I DON’T- I mean- he doesn’t- I didn’t- I… I… love c-c-cops? I haven’t d-done a-anything illegal, o-officer! At all!
:JourneyDREAM:
:VitusDREAM: Uh huh… yeah so… um… what brings you guys here?
:ShuiDREAM: Well, um… I’m trying to help Jidai here meet someone special but… he’s kind of hopeless.
:JidaiDREAM: H-hey!
:ShuiDREAM: I mean, he’s in his early thirties and haven’t even been close to kissing a girl yet.
:JidaiDREAM: S-shut up, Shui, t-that’s not… that’s… t-that’s private!
:ShuiDREAM: I’m just trying to help, man. Maybe Vitus and Jo here can come up with something to help?
:JidaiDREAM: Err… I d-don’t know… s-sure, I’m getting a b-bit desperate b-
>>
No. 635501 ID: 65a774
File 142956384520.png - (17.45KB , 900x450 , 24.png )
635501

:ShilseDREAM: Did someone say desperate!?
:JidaiDREAM: AAAAH!!! WHERE DID YOU COME FROM!?
:ShilseDREAM: Why hello there, cutie. How’s it hanging?
:JidaiDREAM: I didn’t do- I mean, I’m… I… err… don’t like aliens… I mean, I l-like aliens, not… err… I’m not s-speciest b-but-
:ShuiDREAM: He’s not attracted to aliens, Shilse…
:ShilseDREAM: Still, I can help, can’t I? Let me show you how it’s done. First, buy me a drink!
:JidaiDREAM: I… err… already spent a-all my d-drink money…
:ShilseDREAM: Then buy me a drink and I’ll pay for it!
:JidaiDREAM: Err… wait… how d-does that… um…
:VitusDREAM: Shilse, I don’t think you’re the best choice to teach someone about that subject.
:ShilseDREAM: Bah! I’m sure I’ll do fine… so go buy me a drink… then you’ll tell me what this “kissing” thing is! It sounds fascinating!
:JidaiDREAM: B-but you don’t e-even have a mouth!
:VitusDREAM: *Sigh*, Shilse… please… Jo, tell her this i- Journey?
:JourneyDREAM: Mmmm, this drink Dreamer gave me is fantastic! I have to order another one!
>>
No. 635508 ID: dbe554

Drinky drink drink <3 ... Oh right Shilse respect the man's boundaries, he's nervous and this isn't going to help his situation at all.

How goes your hunt for a nice lay anyways, saw you trying an Uredo out earlier.
>>
No. 635524 ID: 6e79d4

That's strange. Usually growing up in High crime areas leaves you desensitized, not hyper-vigilant. Ask shui if informing him that the gun wasn't real will calm him down.
>I have to order another one!
You've already had two and the night is still young. Slow down you boozer, you're supposed to be setting an example.

Shilse, seriously? You have to introduce yourself and ask their name first. How about you both help each other?
>>
No. 635533 ID: 296917

>>635501
Don't neglect Vitus. Personally I don't actually like Dreamer that much. Humoring him with the dance was mostly for show, and maybe to get Vitus a little jealous. Knowing that the "family" Vitus was mourning over was not his wife and kids but his relatives makes romance with him a lot less objectionable.

He said he hasn't been married. Has he ever been in a relationship before?
>>
No. 635604 ID: df6309

Fetish BTLs, sapient robots, corporate secrets, sex clubs, nanomachines, terrorist and hate groups, we're in a trashy sci-fi thriller novel. What next? S&M dungeons, time travel, ancient secret organizations. How far down does this rabbit hole go?
>>
No. 635629 ID: 65a774
File 142962752762.png - (17.07KB , 900x450 , 25.png )
635629

>Fetish BTLs, sapient robots, corporate secrets, sex clubs, nanomachines, terrorist and hate groups, we're in a trashy sci-fi thriller novel.
You have to remember to rub this in PACs face if it gets even worse.
>What next? S&M dungeons, time travel, ancient secret organizations?
You hope you won’t need to travel back in time to stop some huge ancient conspiracy that was created before space travel even existed for some reason… mostly because you suck at history…
>You've already had two and the night is still young. Slow down you boozer, you're supposed to be setting an example.
Oh, right, better calm down, girl. Savor the drink you already have.

:JourneyDREAM: Just so you know, Jidai, the gun you saw was fake, if it helps.
:JidaiDREAM: It was? I… I guess it helps a little bit… yeah…
:JourneyDREAM: and I promise you, we at the peace keepers will never harm you in anyway.
:JidaiDREAM: That’s what th- I m-mean- of course! Err… of course not! Um…

:JourneyDREAM: And Shilse, please respect Jidai’s boundaries. He’s nervous as it is and don’t need you… err… grinding against his bum…
:ShilseDREAM: Aw… but it’s such a cute little tush!
:JidaiDREAM: Err… w-w-what!?
:JourneyDREAM: Just give him some space, Shilse.
:ShilseDREAM: Alright… for now.
:JourneyDREAM: And I don’t think you’re the right person to teach anything to Jidai… if anything, you’ll probably just as hopeless as he is.
:ShilseDREAM: Hey, I already got one phone number in here! My methods works just fine!
:JourneyDREAM: Still, you should at least introduce yourself…
:ShilsDREAM: But we already know each other’s names, don’t we? I’m Shilse and this is Jidai.
:JidaiDREAM: Err… hi?
:JourneyDREAM: Still… urgh, just… just don’t be so forward all the time… especially concerning people like Jidai here… I get a feeling he would have a problem saying no even if he wanted too.
:ShilseDREAM: …fine, I’ll slow down a bit. Hi, I’m Shilse and you seem like a cute guy that I want to know better. Might I buy you a drink?
:JidaiDREAM: I… um… don’t drink, b-but thank y-you? …err… wait, a-aren’t I supposed t-to buy the girl the d-drink, not the o-other-
:ShilseDREAM: Maybe in human culture. How about a soda then? My treat.
:JidaiDREAM: I g-guess?
:ShilseDREAM: Come on, then, come with me!

:ShuiDREAM: So… um… I guess they are friends now?
:JourneyDREAM: As long as Shilse doesn’t try to go too far…
:VitusDREAM: She might be a bit… eccentric, but she isn’t cruel. She’ll probably stop herself if she starts going too far with him.
:JourneyDREAM: Speaking of Jidai, you said he’s always been like this?
:ShuiDREAM: Pretty much, yes. Especially concerning people in authority like a police officer. He’s scared shitless as soon as someone like that is involved.
:VitusDREAM: Hmm… I though people that lived in areas with a high crime rate became jaded, not jumpy.
:ShuiDREAM: Well, “officially”, those border worlds he’s from doesn’t have any crime at all… or courts for that matter…
:VitusDREAM: …wait, how does that work?
:JourneyDREAM: I might have figured out why he’s so afraid of the police.
:ShuiDREAM: But, yes, he’s not all that well…

:JourneyDREAM: Uh… let’s talk about something a bit more… um… positive. Hey, Vitus, you said you’ve never been married, right?
:VitusDREAM: Um… yeah? Of course I’ve not been married?
:JourneyDREAM: But you’ve had some relationships, right? …you too, right, Shui?
:VitusDREAM: Err… well, yeah, of course… I mean, I did have some flings before I came here but… so far I’ve had two alien partners… a human woman and a male Hiver.
:ShuiDREAM: Well, I was together with a female and ovale Serpens for a while, but it didn’t work out… how about you, Jo, any juicy relationships in your past? I’m sure a lady like you got a lot of conquests to talk about.
:VitusDREAM: Hey, didn’t you mention that you’ve barely seen any aliens before, yeah?
:JourneyDREAM: Um…
>>
No. 635631 ID: dbe554

Well seeing as we've mostly just met aliens for the first time on the station, it's mostly just been other Cibic and Uredo that we knew of for the longest time.

Didn't really know about SAI before heading to space either, so Cib was the first one met there. You were the first real Sakkil we met, and aside from that not much else.
>>
No. 635661 ID: 6e79d4

Nnnot exactly. We dated a few cibics- Uredo don't really date - but it really wasn't anything out of the ordinary. You did date some people from work, but that just ended in drama. Not the main reason you left, but still.
>>
No. 635677 ID: ea0ad9

>>635661
That sounds good. Things didn't work out because we wanted to see SPACE! and they wanted to stick around the planet.
>>
No. 635680 ID: 6e79d4

>>635677
More like because mixing business and pleasure is a bad idea. And they were a bunch of incompetents to boot.
>>
No. 635684 ID: 65a774
File 142965329152.png - (17.54KB , 900x450 , 26.png )
635684

:JourneyDREAM: Um… I’m not really… I’ve dated a few Cibics but it wasn’t really out of the ordinary, really… well, I did date someone from work once… but that just ended in a lot of drama.
:VitusDREAM: Really? What happened? Conflict of interest?
:JourneyDREAM: No, it… it was incompetent and… one thing led to another and… I don’t want to talk about it. Let’s just say I wanted to experience new things like space and it did not.
:ShuiDREAM: So… you’ve never been with anyone non-Cibic?
:JourneyDREAM: I’ve never really met any aliens before I got here… sure, I’ve seen a few tourists, but that’s it… and the Uredo I lived with don’t really… um… date around a lot, you know.
:ShuiDREAM: So… ever considering giving and alien a chance?
:JourneyDREAM: Well… um… I don’t know… I just got here, you know.

:VitusDREAM: Either way, I’ll need to go and get another drink. Do you guys want any?
:ShuiDREAM: Nah, man, I already got a bottle right here.
:JourneyDREAM: I already had two drinks, so I’ll skip this one.
:VitusDREAM: Yeah, that’s probably for the best. Be back in a bit.
:ShuiDREAM: So… um…
:JourneyDREAM: …err…
:ShuiDREAM: You’re a peace keeper, right? Anything interesting happening around here?
:JourneyDREAM: Besides the terrorist threats and protests, you mean? Nothing I can really talk about, sorry.
:ShuiDREAM: Oh, right, of course.
:JourneyDREAM: How about you? You work with robots or something, right?
:ShuiDREAM: Indeed I do. Works for Sol Corps robot branch… I mostly go around fixing broken robots all over this spire.
:JourneyDREAM: Any interesting stories?
:ShuiDREAM: Well… hmm… not personally, but I do know Jidai have some. See, he’s a bit more experienced then me and got a lot of more interesting projects. In fact, he even part of that big project that they’ll show of on the anniversary… even if it’s a rather minor part.
:JourneyDREAM: …wait, you mean the ARC robots?
:ShuiDREAM: Yeah, those.
:JourneyDREAM: …Hmm… you don’t happen to know what’s so special about them?
:ShuiDREAM: Well, according to official sources, they are supposed to have the most advance AI created yet… not counting the “bugged” sentient ones. But Jidai says there’s more to it than that. Apparently, they are supposed to have this really advance self-repair protocol that uses its surrounding for material. It’s supposed to be able to rip apart metal around itself to a Nano level before using it to repair itself, but so far it’s not working properly.
:JourneyDREAM: …uh huh…

:VitusDREAM: -n’t we say to take it easy?
:ShilseDREAM: What? I just invited him to see a movie with me… at my place…alone with me…
:VitusDREAM: *Sigh* You really are hopeless…

:ShuiDREAM: So… um… are you busy tonight? I’m asking because… well, I wanted to see this new movie and Jidai don’t have time and… err… and I don’t want to see it alone?
>>
No. 635689 ID: ea0ad9

>well, I wanted to see this new movie and Jidai don’t have time and… err… and I don’t want to see it alone?
Oh, well, we were already going to see a movie with a group of friends... If that's alright with you, you can come along, yeah.
>>
No. 635690 ID: 296917

Yeah, already got something planned.
>>
No. 635696 ID: dbe554

Well we've got Aelia waiting back at home for us to watch a movie or two, so if he wants to be around a bunch of beautiful women he can join us there.
>>
No. 635705 ID: 6e79d4

If he doesn't want to join us now, perhaps we could see the movie another time.
>>
No. 635844 ID: 65a774
File 142971856220.png - (17.11KB , 900x450 , 27.png )
635844

:JourneyDREAM: Actually, I already got plans.
:ShuiDREAM: Oh… oh, of course… I… err…
:JourneyDREAM: Me and Vitus promised that we should go see a movie at Aelia’s place after Vitus ditched her.
:ShuiDREAM: A-Aelia? Err… wait, Vitus ditched her!?
:JourneyDREAM: Yeah, apparently he had promised her that they would see a movie today but… well…
:ShuiDREAM: H-how d-dare- THAT ASSHOLE… err… I mean…
:JourneyDREAM: …it was kind of rude, yes.
:VitusDREAM: Who’s an a-hole?
:ShuiDREAM: You’re a fracking asshole!
:VitusDREAM: Kiss my ass, you taffer.
:ShilseDREAM: I would if I had a mouth… man, sometimes I wish I had a mouth…

:JourneyDREAM: Err… anyway, as both I, Aelia and Susan will be there, want to come and see a movie together with some nice ladies? …oh, and Vitus.
:ShuiDREAM: …when you put it that way I can’t really refuse, can I? Besides, I need to make sure there’s at least one guy there.
:VitusDREAM: Oh, hardy har har…
:JourneyDREAM: So, we’ll probably head back in an hour or two. Oh, right. Jidai? Do you want to see a movie with us later?
:JidaiDREAM: Err… today? I… um… I-I busy… a-apparently…
:ShuiDREAM: Wait, you’re actually going to go with Shilse?
:JidaiDREAM: Well… she’s paying… um… f-for a lot of stuff… I mean, I usually get a drink thrown in my face so… um… it would be nice with something proper… even if it’s with a new friend instead of a girl? K-kind of…?
:ShilseDREAM: What can I say, apparently the way to a man’s heart goes through the stomach.
:JidaiDREAM: …err… heart?
:ShuiDREAM: …why do I get the feeling this will end in tears…?

:ShilseDREAM: So, as I’ve found myself a new toy…
:JidaiDREAM: t-toy? W-what d-do-
:ShilseDREAM: We’ll head over to the dance floor… anyone want to come with?
:ShuiDREAM: Well…um… so, Jo… want to d-
:VitusDREAM: I own you a dance, don’t I, Jo?
:ShuiDREAM: H-hey, I were asking her first!
:VitusDREAM: Yeah? Prove it.
:JourneyDREAM: *Sigh* part of me is starting to regret picking this dress today…

:PACDREAM: I’ve got an update on that Nano machine I caught. Apparently, the gibberish it sent me were an encrypted message.
:JourneyDREAM: (Message?).
:PACDREAM: “Help, my life is in danger. Please find Tr’ak’kq’urk Qu’r’kkz's or his 55533632BD K55P bot and ask them about the new living arc! Do not trust Sol Corp or the peace keepers! ”
:JourneyDREAM: (…Don’t trust the Peace keepers? Are you sure that’s the message?)
:PACDREAM: It’s either that or an ad for male enlarger medicine.
>>
No. 635853 ID: 31f075

...I don't suppose it would be possible not to report this to the peacekeepers? This seems like it might be a lot more complicated then it first appeared.
>>
No. 635855 ID: 296917

>>635844
Well shit, it doesn't make sense that the nanobot caused the burst of hate, then. Could the scan have triggered the message? Or did it make a beeline for the comm, and... the wine maybe? Run another scan now that we've drank another drink. The person who delivered the nanobot must not know either of the victims are dead... It also doesn't make sense that Dreamer delivered it. Ugh, when could we have picked that thing up?

I think it might be time to contact Eli again, and arrange for another private meeting.

As for the two loverboys, dance with Vitus first since you've been stringing him along for so long. Unless you just want to leave and start work early. I kindof want to. "My life is in danger" sounds important doesn't it?
>>
No. 635864 ID: dbe554

Pity that we can't dance with them bptj at once., but yes we promised Vitus one first.
>>
No. 635865 ID: 6e79d4

Unless anyone knows a 3 person dance, I think we promised Vitus first.
>>
No. 635876 ID: 9ddf68

Is it sad that I'm finding our work life is less stressful then our personal one? And the work life has been full of death, bombs, and threats as of late.

could be that 3rd SAI we think exist. Either way it probably came from someone who knows something but seeing as they don't trust cops it might be a bit of a pain to track them down. Speaking of tracking, can you find out where the message came from PAC?
>>
No. 635892 ID: 296917

...hang on, if it's a third SAI... what about that robot back there with the goggles? Could it be they put the nanobot on us? Oh wait... what if the nanobot was placed on Dreamer first, by his friend he was meeting, and it wound up on us by accident. Maybe Dreamer's friend is the one in danger.

I don't suppose you can ask the bartender who it was?
>>
No. 636124 ID: ea0ad9

>what about that robot back there with the goggles?
You mean the HUMAN with goggles? That's not a robot.
>>
No. 636156 ID: 825af6

Tell these two that you're not feeling particularly inclined to dancing with either of them after they've exchanged insults and behaved in such a rude way to each other. Seriously, what the heck has gotten into them? Is it the booze bringing out their bad sides? They haven't had that much to drink, have they?

Say you'll reconsider dancing with them if they sincerely apologize to each other and promise to shape up for the rest of the evening. If they do then Vitus gets the first dance. After you snooped through his stuff and were a bit insensitive in brushing him off to dance with Dreamer he deserves it. Hopefully it doesn't turn out that Dreamer's half-veiled insult about him having clumsy feet doesn't turn out to be true.

Shoot a message off to Cib warning it about the hostile anti-SAI protesters picketing outside the tram station and suggesting it takes the stairs instead. Susan probably already warned him herself, but it can't hurt to do so yourself in case she forgot to. Oh, and you can also let Cib know about the movie get-together at Vitus' and that Susan'll be there in case it wants to come around.

"New living ARC?" Okay, that bit combined with the ARC 'bots using nano-machines and the ID of the second 'bot Tr'ak wanted to rescue probably being a classified or experimental ID is pointing more towards this call for help coming from a SAI that emerged from one of the ARC 'bot AIs. When Tr'ak and his K55P didn't show up, it reprogrammed some of its nano-machines as "messages in a bottle" and sent them out to try and get somebody to locate them. But even if it didn't come from one of the ARCs, it does narrow down the possible message senders to those working on the ARC project, and of those the most likely is a SAI. Specifically it'd narrow it down to those who have access to nano-machines and the know-how and tools to modify their programming.

It seems strange that a general message for help sent out into the world in the hope that someone who could help would find it was encrypted. That seems like it'd make it much less likely for whoever who received it who could help would be able to read it. Hmmm... Maybe it was only encrypted when in the nano-machine's memory, and once it interfaced with a comm implant it'd decrypt it to send it to the implant's owner before self-destructing. Ah, that might explain why Dreamer ran off so suddenly. He picked up one of the nano-machines and it finally got the message to him.

Since Shui and Jidai were working on the ARCs, they'd be the most likely vector for the nano-machines getting down here. Ask PAC to request a Peacekeeper come over here to do a forensic scan on them for nano-machines.

Ask PAC how it was able to detect that nano-machine without the use of your Peacekeeper suit's forensic scanners. You're pretty sure your cybernetics don't have the scanners needed to detect nano-scale machines, so what did PAC use?

Also ask PAC what vectors the nano-machine could have entered your body from. Inhalation? Ingestion? Injection? Just touching the surface it's on with your bare skin?

Now that I think about it, there's something off about the amount of dust that was in the box under Vitus' bed. Specifically there being ANY dust in it at all, let alone enough for a vision obscuring cloud. With the box being closed it wouldn't collect dust inside, and even if it was open the apartment auto-cleaners would remove any dust. There wasn't anything inside the box that would generate dust like that, so where did it come from? The only plausible ways for the dust to be there is if Vitus put the robe and brooch away when they were covered in dust from some other or the dust was added afterwards. Maybe mention this to Vitus while you dance in case he has some explanation for it.

Here's a possible way that the ARC leg data could have been used to cause carnage at the ARC demonstration, despite them being fitted with only dummy weapons: Have the compromised ARC charge into the crowd, trampling them. If that happened a lot of people would be killed before the ARC is brought down. It'd probably be prudent to send a message to Sol Corp asking if this could have been possible at the demo venue they planned to use and suggesting they put countermeasures in place for in case it does happen.

>>635855
>I think it might be time to contact Eli again, and arrange for another private meeting.
No, that is a bad idea. We don't know who within Sol Corp the message sender fears will catch wind of this. For all we know it could be Eli herself. Until the sender is located and safe nothing about the nano-machine or it's message should be shared with Sol Corp. If it is then it may result in the death of the sender.

>>635892
>I don't suppose you can ask the bartender who it was?
The bartender already said it didn't know who Dreamer mingled with. (>>/quest/635467) However, Dreamer was talking with an Uredo with a cybernetic left eye stalk when Jo arrived. (>>/quest/634777) That might be Dreamer's friend. Maybe the bartender knows who that Uredo is.

>>636124
And not only a human, but he also appears to be the tech-goggled engineer that Jo encountered on her first assignment; The one that was entangled in the ceiling outside the level Q tram station. (>>/questarch/607747) Maybe he lives on this level and is out for a drink with that female Sakkilian, though him coming here in his work hardhat and goggles seems odd. Or, more likely, it's Kaktus reusing sprites for background characters, but better to not assume just in case that's not it.
>>
No. 636228 ID: 65a774
File 142991788226.png - (17.29KB , 900x450 , 28.png )
636228

>...I don't suppose it would be possible not to report this to the peacekeepers?
:PACDREAM: I’ll keep this under wraps for now. It’s the standard procedure in case of the possibility of corruption within the force.
>Shoot a message off to Cib warning it about the hostile anti-SAI protesters picketing outside the tram station and suggesting it takes the stairs instead.
:CB11DREAM: (Yes, I’ve already heard. Don’t worry, I’m with in a meeting with other SAI’s right now… and we even got some peace keepers hanging around outside. We’ll be fine.)

>"New living ARC?" That combined with the ARC 'bots using nano-machines and that classified ID points toward a SAI emerging from one of the ARC 'bot AIs.
:PACDREAM: That sound rather unlikely. They have a lot of checks to make sure they detect an emerging SAI long before they gain sentience, especially when this kind of hardware is concerned.
>It seems strange that a general message for help sent out into the world in the hope that someone who could help would find it was encrypted.
:PACDREAM: That is indeed strange. Hmm, maybe it knew to target you for some reason?
>Since Shui and Jidai were working on the ARCs, they'd be the most likely vector for the nano-machines getting down here.
:PACDREAM: Shui doesn’t work with the ARCs, and according to the date I can access, Jidai is only a bug tester for some of minor coding of the current ARC bodies. Neither would be in direct contact with an ARC machine.
>Ask PAC how it was able to detect that nano-machine without the use of your Peacekeeper suit's forensic scanners.
:PACDREAM: Have you already forgotten, Jo? When you became a Peace keeper a few years ago you had an implant for finding foreign substances installed. While it’s supposed to make sure you’re not drunk and / or on drugs when going on duty, I was able to use it to find that pesky little machine. Of course, the only reason I knew where to look was because it was messing with your com-implant.
>Also ask PAC what vectors the nano-machine could have entered your body from. Inhalation? Ingestion? Injection?
:PACDREAM: ERROR! This unit does not have enough input data to answer that query!
>Speaking of tracking, can you find out where the message came from PAC?
:PACDREAM: It came from a small machine inside your system. That’s all I got.

>what about that robot back there with the goggles?
…that’s quite clearly a human with googles, not a robot.
>Maybe the bartender knows who that Uredo is.
:UnknownKAK: Err… no? Sir, I got a lot of guests coming here every day, I can’t know all of them.
>Unless you just want to leave and start work early.
While going back home does feel tempting, you did promise to watch that movie later…

:JourneyDREAM: I don’t know… I don’t feel particularly inclined of dancing with either of you after all those insults you exchanged…
:VitusDREAM: Huh? But that was just… um… some teasing, really…
:ShuiDREAM: Yeah, it’s what we do when were in a good mood… in fact, I haven’t been trading insults with Vitty here in a long time.
:JourneyDREAM: Still… I’ll reconsider that dance offer if you apologies and make up?
:ShuiDREAM: Well… I’m sorry that your mother was an ankwark, Vitty.
:VitusDREAM: I’m sorry that your father smelled of cactus juice!
:ShuiDREAM: Ha! Your insults are… err… as… witty as… um… a dairy farmer?
:VitusDREAM: How appropriate… err… you… insult like a… cow?
:JourneyDREAM: …Both of you are fools.
:VitusDREAM: H-hey, it’s just for fun…
:JourneyDREAM: Foolish fools who foolishly play a foolish game of foolish insults.
:ShuiDREAM: See, it’s fun!

:JourneyDREAM: Hmm, then I guess I can go for a dance or two…
:VitusDREAM: So… err…
:JourneyDREAM: I do own you a dance, don’t I? So we’ll… hmm… unless…
:VitusDREAM: … …unless what?
:JourneyDREAM: Well… why choose, really?
:ShuiDREAM: …why do I have a feeling I won’t like were this is going?
:JourneyDREAM: Come on, boys, let’s go to the dance floor for a three-wa- okay, wrong word… I meant a tree person dance…
:ShuiDREAM: W-wait!? Both of us!?
:VitusDREAM: At the s-same time?
:JourneyDREAM: Did I stutter? Of course! I mean, you Serpens are bound to know some three partner dances, no?
:ShuiDREAM: Err… well, yeah… but most of them are supposed to be done under water but… I guess?
:VitusDREAM: …a-are you sure?
:JourneyDREAM: Yes, now let’s get down and boogie! …whatever that means! …oh, and one more thing. Vitus, how did that box get so dusty on the inside?
:VitusDREAM: …err… I guess the stuff I put in it was already dusty or something? I don’t know…
:JourneyDREAM: …good enough for me. Now let’s party!
:ShilseDREAM: Are you guys still talking? Come on! Let’s go dance already!
>>
No. 636229 ID: 65a774
File 142991789955.png - (31.85KB , 900x450 , 29.png )
636229

:ShuiDREAM: -was a funny movie, wasn’t it? So… um… what are Vitus going to do again?
:VitusDREAM: Jo here was going through my stuff with Shilse earlier today without my permission, so as punishment she will allow me to search through her stuff. Why are you here?
:ShuiDREAM: I was going to wish Jo goodnight? …um… should I go before he finds something embarrassing?
:JourneyDREAM: Nah, don’t worry. I got nothing to hide.
:PACDREAM: Jo, I haven’t told you yet, but the last of your stuff was delivered to your apartment while you were away… including the box labeled “private” that weren’t to be opened.
:JourneyDREAM: Wait, what? Shit!
:ShuiDREAM: Shit?
:VitusDREAM: Hey, what’s this box labeled “private”? That sounds interesting!
:JourneyDREAM: SHIT! No, don’t open that! That’s my-
:VitusDREAM: Huh… what is this?
>>
No. 636237 ID: e114bc

>>636229
Teddy bear? Sex robot? Frilly underwear?
>>
No. 636239 ID: 9ddf68

are we meant to fill in the "what's in the box" question here? if not then just ignore this

Aaaand that would be our shame box. Filled with lots of crummy movies and BTLs that to some could fall under the category of so bad that they're good, many MANY cop movies and BTLs that lead you to becoming a peace keeper, and a few novels and comics (that god hand makes you pretty good at drawing if you do say so yourself) that you wrote yourself about a peace keeper doing all the things you wish you could have done instead of writing speeding tickets as a daily highlight that you wrote during your free time on slow days on the force back on your home planet. While they did help make those slow days go by quicker you vowed never to let anyone see them for as long as you lived.
>>
No. 636265 ID: e114bc

Wait I just realized... This is an unboxing, that means it has to be a box of dragon dildos.
>>
No. 636281 ID: 6e79d4

>That sound rather unlikely.
As unlikely as the same conspiracy of SAI's landing on the roof of my damn vehicle through miles of empty space?

>what is this?
PUT THE BUNNY BACK IN THE BOX.
>>
No. 636288 ID: 6d4595

Apologize while pushing Shui out the door. You can't really do much about Vitus seeing it at this point, but you probably don't want other people to. Also, try not to snap at Vitus. He couldn't have known that box would be there, and even if it's worse than what you found, trying to go back and forth to make sure things are "even" is probably going to cause a lot of pain and suffering for both of you at this rate.
>>
No. 636292 ID: dbe554

Oh no he's discovered your gel enhancers!
>>
No. 636300 ID: 825af6

...If you didn't know better you'd think that PAC intentionally didn't tell you that your "private" box arrived 'cause it thought it'd be hilarious to see what happens. Of course PAC is not a SAI, so it didn't do that, but boy does it feel like it did.

While you can't stop Vitus rummaging through your embarrassing personal items, you don't have to let Shui see them. Spin around and tell him in one quick breath you had a lovely evening, we should do this again soon and wish him goodnight, all while insistently pushing him out the door.

Ask Vitus if he'd kindly dial back the expression of glee plastered all over his face. This is going to be embarrassing enough without him acting like he just opened a treasure chest containing secrets of the Universe.

Top layer of the box 'o shame: All your collected memorabilia, posters and box sets from the space cop TV series "Interstellar Patrol" you watched all the time when you were an adolescent. Partly it was 'cause it was both SPACE and cops, but, in hindsight, mostly it was 'cause the lead was a Cibic who was... Well... "Dreamy." ...You were a dumb teen, so don't judge. And now that you're mature and a real Peacekeeper you can't watch the show without cringing at how bad it is, but you just can't bring yourself to bin all of it.

The remaining layers are your collection of various trashy, cheesy, and campy sci-fi space, cop and detective movies and books; The ones you'd be ashamed to put on the shelf in public but read and watch in private when you're feeling down. Especially the ones that are rather "racier."

And, of course, buried at the bottom of the box is the nondescript container with your collection of sex toys. There's just a few, and they're pretty vanilla Cibic ones, so there's really nothing embarrassing or noteworthy about them... And that's what you wish was all there was, and it would be except for that damn bright orange XL Sakkilian "Dragon" dildo you got as a gag gift taking up half the space in the container, shining out like a beacon of pure embarrassment.

By this point Vitus' grin will probably be so wide he's in danger of his head falling right off. Just tell him it was a gag gift from one of your few exes and you never used it... Alright, fine! You used it once. It didn't go well. Turns out anatomy sized for a noodle really doesn't take kindly to having even the tip of a "sausage" stuck in it. Yeah, "ouch."

>>636239
Um, there definitely won't be any BTLs in there 'cause in Unity space BTL ownership and use is heavily regulated due to their risk of addiction. Legally BTLs can only be rented by the public, not owned, and there's a limit of how much time per day a person can use them.
>>
No. 636334 ID: 65a774
File 142998494866.png - (30.96KB , 900x450 , 30.png )
636334

>...If you didn't know better you'd think that PAC intentionally didn't tell you that your "private" box arrived 'cause it thought it'd be hilarious to see what happens.
:PACDREAM: …I do not understand. Why would I find it funny for you not knowing that your stuff had arrived?
:JourneyDREAM: (Never mind…)
>As unlikely as the same conspiracy of SAI's landing on the roof of my damn vehicle through miles of empty space?
:PACDREAM: According to the raw data I’ve gather then yes.

:JourneyDREAM: Err… right, I’ve had a really lovely evening and we should do this again butpleaseleaverightnow!
:ShuiDREAM: H-hey, no need to shove! I’ll just wait in the hall until you two are done, alright? Geez… I think I at least deserve a proper goodbye…

:JourneyDREAM: While looking just like a child inside a sweet shop is kind of cute, can you please tone it down a bit? This is going to be embarrassing enough as it is…
:VitusDREAM: I promise I’ll try, yeah? Oh, this is going to be fun… let’s see… some kind of video discs and memorials? …let’s see if my augmentations translate this cibic text correctly… “Interstellar patrol”?
:JourneyDREAM: It’s an old Cibic / Uredo TV series about the Justicars … that is to say the police force we had before the formation of the peace keepers.
:VitusDREAM: Is it any good?
:JourneyDREAM: Not really…
:VitusDREAM: So… it’s bad bad or so bad it’s good?
:JourneyDREAM: The latter. It’s really corny… and all the actors over act… and it’s rather low budget… and the main character is kind of dreamy…
:VitusDREAM: Uh huh, sound rather- wait, what was that last part?
:JourneyDREAM: The main character couldn’t act at all.

:VitusDREAM: Yeah, that’s what I thought I heard… hmm… comics about detectives and cops… detective novels… games about cops… I’m starting to see a pattern here.
:JourneyDREAM: Hey, I like cops.
:VitusDREAM: Of course yo- Wait, what is this? It’s handwritten?
:JourneyDREAM: H-hey! Put those back!
:VitusDREAM: Arthur: Song of the Journey? Huh… so it’s fanfiction about that Interstellar show, huh?
:JourneyDREAM: I was young and stupid, alright?
:VitusDREAM: Oh, that does explain why it gets so steamy, yeah? Heh… though I have to say, some of these illustrations are rather good.
:JourneyDREAM: Thanks…
:VitusDREAM: No, I mean it. Maybe you should start drawing a web comic or something?
:JourneyDREAM: Right, like anyone read that drivel.

:VitusDREAM: Huh… is this a plush Uredo?
:JourneyDREAM: …I’ve had him since I was small… um… just… just put him back…
:VitusDREAM: …he’s kind of cute.
:JourneyDREAM: Please, put him back.
:VitusDREAM: I wonder if he-
:JourneyDREAM: PUT THE UREDO BACK IN THE BOX!
:VitusDREAM: Geez, alright, I heard you the first time, yeah? Hmm… Gel enhancers? What are does?
:JourneyDREAM: You don’t want to know.
:VitusDREAM: Fair enough…
:JourneyDREAM: …so, are you done?
:VitusDREAM: Oh, but I still got one thing left here… what is that big, honking orange thing?
:JourneyDREAM: Oh no…

:VitusDREAM: XL? Sakkilian Dragon?
:JourneyDREAM: It was a gag gift… from an ex…
:VitusDREAM: Really? Hmm… so you’ve never…
:JourneyDREAM: That thing is nearly the size of my body!
:VitusDREAM: Well, yes… I guess it would be hard for anyone to use that thing… It’s freaking huge! I mean, I’ve only- err…
:JourneyDREAM: What was that?
:VitusDREAM: Nothing.
:JourneyDREAM: … never mind. So, can we please forget that we ever saw it and let me hide it away again?
:VitusDREAM: Wait, if you don’t want it why do you even keep it?
:JourneyDREAM: Well… err… you see… if I threw it away the feds would probably arrest me for trying to dispose of a weapon of ass destruction.
:VitusDREAM: … … …
:JourneyDREAM: … … …
:VitusDREAM: … … …that pun was terrible and I hope you feel terrible about yourself.
:JourneyDREAM: Sorry…
>>
No. 636337 ID: e114bc

>>636334
Yep, Vitus likes butt stuff alright. Now that Vitus is done looking around in your box, time to start putting your stuff away.

...is the size of a dildo really a concern for a Cibic? I mean, gel.
>>
No. 636340 ID: dbe554

>>636337
Inside the gel is the actual Cibic remember.

Though yeah, let's put away some stuff..Maybe keep some of the vids out for later watching, heck maybe we could get them into it.

Also make sure to tease Vitus with the toy a bit, wondering if he's taken some big "dragons" of his own.
>>
No. 636343 ID: 9ddf68

alright, so now that is out of the way, send him out of your room, hide you box of shame, and get ready for bed. We have work in the morning.
>>
No. 636352 ID: 65a774
File 143000370126.png - (31.62KB , 900x450 , 31.png )
636352

>Yep, Vitus likes butt stuff alright.
Noted.
>...is the size of a dildo really a concern for a Cibic? I mean, gel.
While your outer body is made out of gel, your inner body that houses your reproduction organs is not. You also have to consider that your actual body is rather small and that… thing in the box is almost longer than your whole parasitic body… of course, now when you starting to think about it, you’re going to have a problem with size concerning all the other alien species, aren’t you?
>Though yeah, let's put away some stuff. Maybe keep some of the vids out for later watching, heck maybe we could get them into it.
As soon as the guys leave you’ll unpack the box and make sure everything here gets hidden away… except maybe those vids, of course.

:VitusDREAM: So… um… I guess we’re more than even now?
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… actually, I’d say I deserve a little bit extra… this was a lot more embarrassing then when I looked through your stuff, no?
:VitusDREAM: Something extra?
:JourneyDREAM: I’ll want you to answer a question I got truthfully, then we’re square.
:VitusDREAM: …why do I have a feeling I won’t like this question?
:JourneyDREAM: Well… I just had to wonder… you haven’t taken on a “dragon” or two yourself, haven’t you? So I ask, what’s the biggest “dragon” you’ve slain?
:VitusDREAM: … …I knew it. *sigh*… large.
:JourneyDREAM: Really? Interesting… you’re quite the dragon hunter, then… but enough about your hobbies, I got an early morning tomorrow so I really need to start thinking about bed.
:VitusDREAM: Oh, of course… I… I guess I should bid you farewell then?
:JourneyDREAM: Yea. Come on, I need to say goodnight too Shui too.

-----------------------------------

:JourneyDREAM: Ah, finally some peace and quiet… I can’t wait to finally crawl into my hibernating sphere and just dose off…

*eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEBLAM!*

:JourneyDREAM: What in the name of-
>>
No. 636353 ID: 65a774
File 143000371622.png - (30.93KB , 900x450 , 32.png )
636353

:JourneyDREAM: …who the hell are you!?
:JourneyDREAM: Jo! I’m you! From the far future! I’ve come back to give you a warning!
:JourneyDREAM: …I… what?
:JourneyDREAM: The case you’re working on, it will decide the fate of the whole universe!
:JourneyDREAM: Err… again, what?
:JourneyDREAM: You have to listen to me! There’s an ancient secret organization that’s *BEEP* with the *BEEP* robot uprising *BEEP* Skynet *BEEP* human revolution *BEEP* S&M dungeons *BEEP* SAI creation *BEEP* time to wake up, Officer Song of the Journey. You got work to do.
>>
No. 636354 ID: 65a774
File 143000373694.png - (29.63KB , 900x450 , 33.png )
636354

:JourneyDREAM: Huh… wha… I… uh…
:PACDREAM: Good morning! Slept well?
:JourneyDREAM: Oh… err…
>>
No. 636360 ID: e114bc

>>636354
Wakey wakey. What's with that box on your guest bed? As soon as you get on duty, find out what those leads were. Then call your contact at Sol Corp and arrange for another private meeting.
>>
No. 636361 ID: 9ddf68

PAC you may be on to something about that overactive imagination thing you keep saying I have.

Also it looks like something is on your bed.

Oh and are those nanites messing with you again or was that weird dream just a "normal" dream?
>>
No. 636362 ID: dbe554

How would you even see with an eyepatch over your stalk!? You might as well be looking blind.
>>
No. 636369 ID: 60700b

...did you actually crawl in your hibernating sphere last night?

Ask PAC if there was a mysterious visitor last night.
>>
No. 636432 ID: 65a774
File 143006592454.png - (31.13KB , 900x450 , 34.png )
636432

>Wakey wakey.
Ugh… another glorious dawn fouled by occurring too early in the morning…
>PAC you may be on to something about that overactive imagination thing you keep saying I have.
Or maybe you should stop eating cardboard before bed.
>How would you even see with an eyepatch over your stalk!? You might as well be looking blind.
Hey! It’s traditional for a time traveler to wear an eyepatch! How else are you supposed to see that the world of tomorrow is a bad future?
>What's with that box on your guest bed?
That would be the “private” cardboard box… or what’s left of it. You decided to eat it as a night snack before hitting the sphere… after you’d emptied it, of course.

>Ask PAC if there was a mysterious visitor last night.
:PACDREAM: …the last two people in here except for you were Vitus and Shui.
:JourneyDREAM: So that’s a no, then?
>As soon as you get on duty, find out what those leads were.
:PACDREAM: There has been several updates to your case. First off, they have found the one who murdered Tr’ak’kq’urk:
:JourneyDREAM: They have what?
:PACDREAM: Evidence points to him being strangled by two mechanical hands, that are about the same shape as the K55P’s.
:JourenyDREAM: …and as it was the only thing with Trakky at the time of the murder…
:PACDREAM: Indeed… they’ve also confirmed that it was Tr’ak’kq’urk blood you found on the K55P bot. Apparently, Tr’ak’kq’urk cut himself on its arm when trying to fight it off.
:JourneyDREAM: And the K55P? Who murdered it?
:PACDREAM: …why, K55P did. We have found footage of it deliberately stopping the tram it was on, climbing onto the roof and then letting it drive away with it still outside it, thus ensuring it feel to its destruction.
:JourneyDREAM: …so it was suicide?
:PACDREAM: He suffered a malfunction and self-terminated.
:JourneyDREAM: But… wasn’t some of its cables sabotaged?
:PACDREAM: It was able to do that to itself, thanks to the sharpened edge on its arm… the same arm Tr’ak’kq’urk cut himself on. It cut the cables to make sure it’s emergency protocol wouldn’t save it when it was standing on the tram.
:JourneyDREAM: …so, Trakky was murdered by the K55P… who then committed suicide?

>Then call your contact at Sol Corp and arrange for another private meeting.
:PACDREAM: You have gotten a time later today. It seems they are rather busy at the moment.
:JourneyDREAM: Of course they are…
:PACDREAM: But they might allow you to visit Tr’ak’kq’urk workspace if you want me to ask them. Oh, and I forgot to mention. Your partner is on her way here to meet up with you.
:JourneyDREAM: So I’m finally getting a partner?
:PACDREAM: Indeed. Now, please get ready to work. You have a long day ahead of you if you’re to find out why K55P killed Tr’ak’kq’urk.
>>
No. 636437 ID: dbe554

Well let's hope our partner isn't incompetent, actively hindering, or is somehow a spy sent to deal with us by hindering our progress and causing us to fall in love with them before killing them.

Should be a relatively normal day otherwise, completely normal.
>>
No. 636444 ID: e114bc

>>636432
I bet it's going to be Dreamer.

...you know, I have a theory on why K55P killed Tr'ak. Nanomachines took control of its body, forcing it to do what it did. Why else would it write out ARC in its dying moments? And why else would K55P try to make the murder look like a suicide? K55P was going to kill itself anyway, so why try to hide the murder?
>>
No. 636463 ID: 9ddf68

I just know that empty AI core we found in Trakky's apartment had something to do with why everyone died. maybe it had another SAI in it, maybe Trakky was trying to put K55P in it so he could transfer him to a new body he got from that SAI group and K55P refused, Trakky pushed, and K55P panicked at attacked, killed Trakky, panicked some more and set it up to look like suicide, then felt guilty and ended his own life. But if so why give YOU of all people that dying bit of information instead of someone else that he knew and trusted, or leave a note, plus their's that guy who robbed the BTL store that has dug enough of a grave for himself that even if he HAD nothing to do with trakky and K55P's deaths he's still boned.

Whelp we're not gong to get any answers her, get dressed for work and see if that team meant to look at those BTLs we rented for the case is ready to look at them yet.
>>
No. 636635 ID: 65a774
File 143015155799.png - (28.13KB , 900x450 , 35.png )
636635

>I bet it's going to be Dreamer.
That seems unlikely, as PAC referred to your partner as a “her”.
>Well let's hope our partner isn't incompetent, actively hindering, or is somehow a spy sent to deal with us by hindering our progress and causing us to fall in love with them before killing them.
It wouldn’t be a spy thriller without, would it?
>Should be a relatively normal day otherwise, completely normal.
As normal as a day investigating the murder of an engineer working on a top secret military contract can be.

>...you know, I have a theory on why K55P killed Tr'ak. Nanomachines took control of its body, forcing it to do what it did.
:PACDREAM: …I’m pretty sure Nano-machines doesn’t work like that… besides, it’s really hard to actually take direct control over a SAI mind. It’s just far too complex, just like an organic mind.
>Why else would K55P try to make the murder look like a suicide? K55P was going to kill itself anyway, so why try to hide the murder?
:PACDREAM: The main reason why someone would hide a murder would be to protect people connected to the murder. Even if it planned to commit suicide, it’s possible it didn’t want someone else to get hurt.
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… but who?
:PACDREAM: Oh, how about all the SAI’s on this station? A murder committed by a SAI wouldn’t be well received with people already hostile against them.
>See if that team meant to look at those BTLs we rented for the case is ready to look at them yet.
:PACDREAM: They still need a day or two.

>Whelp we're not going to get any answers her, get dressed for work and head out.
:JourneyDREAM: Well then… I guess it’s time to roll, eh?
:PACDREAM: …your partner wishes to enter your apartment. Should I let her in?
:JourneyDREAM: Sure, I’m looking forward to meeting her.


:JourneyDREAM: Hello?
:PallaviDREAM: So, you’re Song of the Journey, eh?
:JourneyDREAM: Err… yes? That’s me? You sound a bit… um…
:PallaviDREAM: Huh? Oh, sorry… I’m a bit cranky after the captain woke me up in the middle of the night and forced me go across the station to get here… I apologize for that. I’m officer Pallavi, at your service.
:JourneyDREAM: …she called you in the middle of the night?
:PACDREAM: There was some last minute changes about who would be your partner.
:PallaviDREAM: Yes, and I’m not even supposed to work this shift. It’s a bit of a bummer, if you ask me. But the captain said you were working on something important and needed a hand so here I am… to save the day… woop… So… um… what are we working on again? Or a better question, where are we off to first?
>>
No. 636638 ID: dbe554

Describe the case in detail, aside from the standard notes we've kept back. Describe the the Murder and faked suicide, the SAI Suicide and such
>>
No. 636639 ID: 60700b

>>636638
This, but start with "A Murder."

I should have mentioned it on the other thread before, but with Jo facing the viewer's left, as well as every other Cibic peacekeeper (I don't remember about the other peacekeepers in uniform), the P is backwards, which is quite a serious error by now.
>>
No. 636640 ID: e114bc

>>636635
Who was going to be your partner before?

Oh and how much harder is it to affect a SAI's mind than an organic? That burst of hate you felt, if prolonged and affecting a SAI which has no anti-aggression implant, would likely have caused a murder.
>>
No. 636653 ID: 6e79d4

Well, there's been an apparent murder suicide. A SAI killed a mantis who was running some kind of underground railroad thing, made it look like a hanging suicide and then committed suicide by exiting a moving tram and falling a few thousand meters into my lap. However, there are a lot of loose ends and things that don't add up- PAC, can you send over all the evidence gathered so far? And we'll start by investigating the angle on that drone sale. If vitus is right, the not-cult won't have any useful information.
>>
No. 636668 ID: 9ddf68

we're looking for someone that has tried to rob a nearby BTL, believed to have planted that bomb that blow up a tram not to long ago, and may have connections tying them to a murder. We have a few leads to check up on but for the moment we're pretty much waiting for forensics to finish tearing apart some BTLs that probably have some useful information on them.
>>
No. 636749 ID: 7aa8c3

>They still need a day or two
Especially if they have to stop ever few hours to rehydrate.
>>
No. 636752 ID: ea0ad9

>That seems unlikely, as PAC referred to your partner as a “her”.
Didn't some people call Dreamer He, and others She? Could go either way with them.
>It’s just far too complex, just like an organic mind.
People can be hypnotized... Although, they wouldn't do things that they would never do, anyways. True mind control is impossible... Which means, he had to have had some incentive.
>So… um… what are we working on again?
>>636639
Yeah. A murder, and a suicide. Auto-vandilism, technically, but I'm not going to treat it like it wasn't a person. Unlicensed SAI killed the Mantis who was trying to get him licensed, hurt itself in the process, used its damaged frame to severe its safety wires, and jumped off a tram. You want the full briefing, or to get to the Mantis' office to do some investigation?
>>
No. 636814 ID: 60700b

>>636228
>possible corruption within the force.
>>636635
>last minute partner change.
I sure hope those aren't related...
>>
No. 636825 ID: 6e79d4

>>636814
Yeah, what happened to the other guy?
>>
No. 636939 ID: 65a774
File 143032117035.png - (27.77KB , 900x450 , 36.png )
636939

>Who was going to be your partner before?
You don’t know exactly. The captain mentioned an Uredo called… err… something yesterday, but that’s about all you know.
>Didn't some people call Dreamer He, and others She? Could go either way with them.
You think you heard him call himself a he… but you’re not entirely sure anymore. Maybe he’s identifying as an it? Hmm…
>Especially if they have to stop ever few hours to rehydrate.
You’re pretty sure they’re going to break the BTL’s apart to find the information and not actually watch them.

>what happened to the other guy?
:PACDREAM: Your partner, you mean? I do not know, I haven’t gotten any information about that yet.
>Oh and how much harder is it to affect a SAI's mind than an organic?
:PACDREAM: I cannot say. Both minds can be affected with lesser thing, but neither can be really controlled, as far as we know.
>True mind control is impossible... Which means, he had to have had some incentive.
:PACDREAM: Indeed, he needs a motive. That’s up for you to find, isn’t it?

:JourneyDREAM: What we’re working on? Well… … a murder.
:PallaviDREAM: …what? Really? You’re joking right?
:JourneyDREAM: No, I’m not.
:PallaviDREAM: ...so that’s what she meant when she said it was important… wait, why would she suddenly change your partner if it was something important as this?
:JourneyDREAM: I’m asking the same thing.
:PallaviDREAM: So… murder, huh? Who’s the victim?
:JourneyDREAM: Let’s see… let me take it from the beginning…



:JourneyDREAM: -and this morning they told me that the K55P killed the Hiver and then committed suicide.
:PallaviDREAM: I’m pretty sure that counts as Auto-vandalism, not suicide.
:JourneyDREAM: Whatever it count as, it’s dead. PAC? Can you send over all the evidence we’ve gather so far?
:PACDREAM: I updated her while you spoke to her, Officer.
:PallaviDREAM: So… I wasn’t expecting this when I went to bed yesterday… what now?
:PACDREAM: As far as I can tell you have four points of interest right now. First, we’ve gotten permission to visit the workstation of both Tr’ak’kq’urk and the K55P bot. Second, we now know the location where that drone used in the BTL stick up was sold and delivered too. Third, Eli, the CEO of the local Sol Corp operations wishes to speak with you again and forth, that group of people wearing those black robes.
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… where to first?
:PACDREAM: Note, you might not be able to visit all locations before other peace keeper groups arrive.
>>
No. 636947 ID: 6e79d4

>CEO of the local Sol Corp operations wishes to speak with you again
Can we talk while we make our way to the workstation? We'll leave the robed 'cult' for last or for someone else to look into, if Vitus tells the truth and their real lives were kept out of it, they must not have much useful information.
>>
No. 636948 ID: 9ddf68

>we’ve gotten permission to visit the workstation of both Tr’ak’kq’urk and the K55P bot.
definitely should hit this place up first. we might be able to find something useful, like notes or something.

>Second, we now know the location where that drone used in the BTL stick up was sold and delivered too, OR that group of people wearing those black robes.
Not really sure which one we should hit ofter the office, probably go with the drone simply because I'm not sure how our partner would react if we sent them to investigate a sex cult with us on our first day together.

>Eli, the CEO of the local Sol Corp operations wishes to speak with you again
we can probably just set up a meeting here. I say set it up near the end of our shift and see how much of the other three we can get down first before heading down.
>>
No. 636958 ID: ea0ad9

>>636947
Talking with the CEO while doing the investigation would be most time efficient, if Eli is willing to agree to that. She might want to speak in a private office away from his workstation, though. These two should be done back-to-back since both are at Sol Corp anyways, though.
>>
No. 636963 ID: e114bc

>>636939
Go to where the drone was likely piloted from. That's our first priority, as the person piloting it is almost certainly Tr'ak's third friend, who we need to protect. The workstation has already been wiped clean of any sensitive evidence that the peacekeepers or sol corp would want to get rid of. The black robe group is our second priority since it's our second clue as to where Tr'ak's possible third friend is at. It's also more likely to show us why the murder took place. Eli can wait for a bit.

My current guess for motive is love. It was a lover's quarrel. Tr'ak was in a relationship with the bot, but was still participating in the black robe orgy group. The bot found out, felt betrayed and heartbroken, and the resulting argument became violent. It's even possible that the bot didn't mean to kill Tr'ak and accidentally broke his neck during a scuffle.
>>
No. 637511 ID: 65a774
File 143058641948.png - (15.57KB , 900x450 , 37.png )
637511

>Can we talk while we make our way to the workstation?
:PACDREAM: Eli wished to speak to you face to face, officer.
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… I guess we can pay here a visit after we’re done at his office? It’s in the same place, right?
:PACDREAM: It’s in the same building, yes.
:PallaviDREAM: Then lets head out to this office! I’m itching to do something else then just patrolling.
:PACDREAM: A tram will be waiting for you shortly.



:LEXDREAM: Welcome to the Sol Corporation, honored guests. Remember, all kinds of photo and video capture is strictly prohibited, including any and all helping AI’s. Please shut them off before entering the area.
:PACDREAM: That includes me. Sorry, but I’ll see you two when you get out, officers.
:JourneyDREAM: Well, seems we’re on our own, then…



:LEXDREAM: We here at Sol Corp advice you to stay in the designated guest areas. The restricted areas are restricted for good reasons. If you’re cough trying to enter a restricted area, we will have no choice but to contact the local peace keepers. Please have a continued good day.
:PallaviDREAM: …so this is their main office complex, huh? …I wasn’t expecting so much… gray…
:JourneyDREAM: I guess they want to look professional?
:LEXDREAM: Tr’ak’kq’urk’s office is the first one in the room you’re currently in. Unfortunately, Tr’ak’kq’urk isn’t currently available for a meeting so please remain seated until further notice.
:JourneyDREAM: Uh huh… I don’t think he’ll ever be available…
:PallaviDREAM: Wait, is that… out the window there… is that water?
>>
No. 637514 ID: dbe554

Huh..Is this place underwater?
>>
No. 637517 ID: 60700b

>>637511
>contact the local peace keepers
make a joke with your partner about that message and your jobs.
>>
No. 637519 ID: e114bc

>>637511
Oh hey, it's one of those experimental robots, and another employee. Say hello.

...well, start looking around. I'd say collect fingerprints but those are only for humans aren't they? What's in the desks? What are those posters exactly? Take that toy on the bookcase. It's obviously important evidence.

Can you get into his computer? What's that other electronic thing on the left? The other office doesn't have one.
>>
No. 637534 ID: 6e79d4

>…I wasn’t expecting so much… gray…
I'm not sure what else there is to expect. I thought there would be more fabrication equipment, though.

Examine all the things. Is that a poster of PAC? Is that a SAI or a lizard? is anything missing from that battlebot? Are any computers logged in or books left open?
>>
No. 637553 ID: 65a774
File 143059576554.png - (15.64KB , 900x450 , 38.png )
637553

>Is that a SAI or a lizard?
While at first glance he looks a lot like a SAI, but those hands and tail are clearly made out of flesh. You guess he got a lot of augmentations.
>I'd say collect fingerprints but those are only for humans aren't they?
You’ve heard about those things. Apparently, both Human, Sakkilians, Hivers and Serpens have some kind of “hand print” thing going on. Of course, you’re not really well versed in that subject, as neither Uredo nor the Cibic has any… what with your hands being made out of vines and gel.

>make a joke with your partner about that message and your jobs.
:JourneyDREAM: So, if we go into a restricted area, we have to arrest ourselves?
:PallaviDREAM: I’m pretty sure they’ll just call the captain so she can yell at us.
:JourneyDREAM: Yeah, probably…
>Huh..Is this place underwater?
:LEXDREAM: The main water cylinder is for decorative purposed only and it’s strictly prohibited to swim, fish or otherwise disturb the water and fauna inside it.
:JourneyDREAM: …and that thing in the middle? Near the top?
:LEXDREAM: That would be the current CEO’s office.
:JourneyDREAM: Though so…

:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… I have to confess, I thought it would be more fabrication equipment around here.
:PallaviDREAM: This is the office space. They probably got some kind of factory floor for the fabrication.
:JourneyDREAM: I guess… Either way, we got some company over there. Excuse me? Hello?
:UnknownKAK: Huh? Peace keepers? Is something wrong?
:PallaviDREAM: Not exactly…
:UnknownKAK: If it isn’t something important, please don’t disturb me further. I’m very busy right now. Please excuse me… stupid machines, why do you have to be so small! Work, dammit!

>Examine all the things!
:JourneyDREAM: Uh huh… I guess it’s time to get to work?
:PallaviDREAM: You got it, boss.
>What's in the desks?
Some paper, pens, paperclips, coffee cup… nothing important.
>What are those posters exactly?
One of them seems to depict some kind of city, while the other is showing a machine “face” with the word “dream” under it.
>is anything missing from that battlebot?
How should you know? You have no idea how they are supposed to look like.
>Books?
:PallaviDREAM: Let’s see… lots of files… office books… “Drago Bright: Ace Programmer”… “1005 shapes of gray”… “The book: The Movie: The book”…
>What's that other electronic thing on the left? The other office doesn't have one.
It seems to be some kind of terminal of some sort… you have no idea what it’s for, though… *sigh* you wish PAC was here to explain this kind of stuff.
>Take that toy on the bookcase. It's obviously important evidence.
:PallaviDREAM: Hey! Don’t touch that! What are you, an officer or a kid?
:JourneyDREAM: Sorry.
>Can you get into his computer?
“Please insert password”…
>>
No. 637563 ID: 9ddf68

so what's up the giant robot in the middle of the office? Also get the guy's name and ask him a few questions about our late hiver friend... Maybe offer to help him find whatever it is he's looking for while you two talk.
>>
No. 637564 ID: e114bc

>>637553
"Dream". Or "Will we dream?" or "You will all dream"... you know, stuff like that.

Anything in the potted plant's pot aside from dirt and plant?
>>
No. 637572 ID: 6e79d4

>>637564
Or maybe what the SAI wrote before it died.
>>
No. 637590 ID: ea0ad9

>>637563
Before bothering the guy and distracting him from his important work, let's see if we can find anything useful in Trak's office. Make sure to check behind the desks or in the trash for any papers or devices that stand out. If there is anything worthwhile here, it would be unlikely to be too buried, more a gap in what is there or something that isn't quite straightened out.
If we cannot find anything that stands out, then we can ask the neighboring employee if Trak seemed to have anything that didn't relate to his obvious work.
>>
No. 637606 ID: 65a774
File 143060775207.png - (15.31KB , 900x450 , 39.png )
637606

>"Dream"
:LEXDREAM: Access denied.
>"Will we dream?"
:LEXDREAM: Access denied.
>"You will all dream".
:LEXDREAM: Access… … …denied. Login has been blocked! Please contact your admin for help.
:PallaviDREAM: Did you seriously just try to brute force the password?
:JourneyDREAM: it was worth a try?
:PallaviDREAM: No, it wasn’t! If we want access to that thing we need to find a better way than just smashing our head against the keyboard…

>Anything in the potted plant's pot aside from dirt and plant?
In the pot there’s only dirt… dirt… and more dirt… no, wait, what’s that!? It’s… it’s… more dirt… huh…
>Make sure to check behind the desks or in the trash for any papers or devices that stand out.
You have to be honest with yourself, when you moved here you didn’t expect to start going through people’s trash… but it seems it has paid off. Among the old documents and other diverse junk you’re able to find a crumbled note, which says “Remember: Park, Savior, need cash, sell bot”.

:JourneyDREAM: Excuse m-
:UnknownKAK: I already said I was busy!
:JourneyDREAM: I just need to ask you a few questions about Tr’ak.
:UnknownKAK: If you want to know my college, go ask him yourself… or go ask one of his friends. I need to concentrate here, dammit!
:JourneyDREAM: Can I at least get your name?
:UnknownKAK: No.
:JourneyDREAM: Isn’t there anything-
:UnknownKAK: No. Leave me alone.
:JourneyDREAM: … …is that an ARC robot?
:UnknownKAK: Yes. You shouldn’t know that. Now go away.
:PallaviDREAM: Geez… rude…
>>
No. 637610 ID: e114bc

>>637606
Ask Sol Corp to unlock the computer for you.
>>
No. 637612 ID: 9ddf68

Tr’ak dead you know.
>>
No. 637645 ID: ea0ad9

>>637612
Can't tell him that. We can only say that he's not in any condition to answer questions.
>>637610
Typically, lockouts remain in effect for about an hour, but since this one said to contactan administrator, instead of just "You have been locked out. Please try again later," we probably will have to.
>>
No. 637655 ID: e114bc

>>637606
You know it occurs to me that LEX paused a suspiciously long amount of time before the third denial. Could it be it was reacting to that phrase?
>>
No. 637877 ID: 8d99f5

That toy is probably an ancient artifact of the dark god we will have to face later.
What is wrong with the nanites, is it hardware or software?

You're the cops and this is an investigation and you'd appreciate it if he cooperated.
>>
No. 637903 ID: 65a774
File 143066874827.png - (15.67KB , 900x450 , 40.png )
637903

>Ask Sol Corp to unlock the computer for you.
:LEXDREAM: Limited Access Granted!
:PallaviDREAM: I’ll see if I can find anything interesting on it, boss.
:JourneyDREAM: Limited?
:LEXDREAM: All files connected to the ARC project are SuPer-Admin Restricted Desktop Access protected. Your access to them has been denied!
:JourneyDREAM: But what if-
:LEXDREAM: DENIED!
:PallaviDREAM: Let’s see what we can find… work mail… work mail… spam… work mail… something about a Scrum ball game… work mail… Oh, apparently the Brood princess of planet Niere wants access to my bank account!

>You know it occurs to me that LEX paused a suspiciously long amount of time before the third denial.
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… LEX? Are you sentient?
:LEXDREAM: This AI unit is not sentient. If this unit are displaying sings of free will please contact the admin immediately for additional help and service.
>That toy is probably an ancient artifact of the dark god we will have to face later.
You can almost hear PACs protest. “This is a sci-fi story, not some cheesy movie about eldritch horrors from beyond our reality.”

:JourneyDREAM: Sir, we’re on active duty at the moment and we’d appreciated if you cooperated with our investigation. Currently, Mr. Tr’ak is not in any condition to answer any questions so we need your aid instead.
:UnknownKAK: …fine… fine, I can spare a few minutes if it is that important.
:JourneyDREAM: Then let’s not waste any time. What’s your name?
:NeroDREAM: I’m Nero, Nero Aurele.
:JourneyDREAM: Mr. Nero… did Tr’ak do anything… odd the last few days?
:NeroDREAM: Err… I don’t think… hmm… well, I did catch him speaking to one of the ARC machines once, but that’s about it… and he seemed rather nervous this week too. Can’t say why, though…
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… what’s wrong with the nanites? Is it something with the hardware or-
:NeroDREAM: I-I can’t tell you that! I’ll get fired!
:JourneyDREAM: But I-
:NeroDREAM: I can’t just spill company secret on a whim! Unless you can somehow prove that it’s connected to whatever investigation you’re doing I’m not saying a word about the ARC project!
:JourneyDREAM: Alright then…

:PallaviDREAM: Hey, I think I found something, boss. Look at this. “The great exodus will soon commence. Prove yourself and find a new shell for this one before the new dawn breaks. ”?
:JourneyDREAM: …what does that even mean? Who sent it?
:PallaviDREAM: Err… it just says “internal”?
:NeroDREAM: Yeah, anyone on the network can send messages without a user in here. Now, do you have any more questions or can I go back to work? …and no, I don’t know what kind of roleplaying Tr’ak was up to with that message, so don’t ask.
>>
No. 637927 ID: e114bc

>>637903
Which ARC machine was Tr'ak talking to?

Also, ask for a secure line to talk to him over. Tell him you have proof that the nanites are connected to the case, but you're not going to tell him how. What are they capable of? Could they take over a robot, or create a facsimile of a robot?
>>
No. 637949 ID: 6e79d4

>Unless you can somehow prove that it’s connected to whatever investigation you’re doing I’m not saying a word about the ARC project!
I know the ARC project is involved because Tr'ak was planning on selling information on the project in exchange for two SAI chassis so he could smuggle out his K55P assistant and another SAI. Another unknown group is now threatening innocent bystanders in order to get that information. I understand you're worried about OPSEC, but the company secret is already spilled and I'm not here on a damn tour. Help me solve this.

Why was a nanobot fiddling with my com unit yesterday, and where is that ARC Tr'ak was talking to?
>>
No. 637956 ID: 9ddf68

huh, wonder if that meant one of the ARCs did become an SAI despite all their "more secure protocols" or may Trrk was hiding an SAI in one. I mean everyone and their grandmother are saying there is no way in hell one of these things could become and SAI without someone noticing, where better to hide a SAI. Could also explain the empty SAI core we found back at the apartment. Still to many questions though and unless we can prove that's what T'rrk did it's nothing more then a theory.

Some questions that would need to be answered though is what was the new SAI's original shell, why did T'rrk throw an SAI into an ARK unit instead of something else, what caused K55P to go nuts and end T'rrk?

Anyways ask this guy if he knows what unit specific that T'rrk was talking to as we'd like to see it.
>>
No. 638020 ID: ea0ad9

>Oh, apparently the Brood princess of planet Niere wants access to my bank account!
Why would a princess want access to your bank account? I would think a princess would have plenty of money already.
>>637949
Let's not mention the whole thing about people being threatened. We can probably safely say that he was trying to sell the ARC data, though. We should also recommend he get a lawyer or Sol Counselor or whoever tells him what's safe to mention. Don't want him to get in trouble for saying too much.
>“The great exodus will soon commence. Prove yourself and find a new shell for this one before the new dawn breaks. ”
Prove that you are willing to fulfill your end of the deal, and we will deliver on ours. Bring us what you promised, and get your friend smuggled out of his unlicensed body into on that can be licensed.
Or something to that effect.
>anyone on the network can send messages without a user in here.
Then, whoever was smuggling Unlicensed SAI (USAI?) was working in Sol as well. We will need to inform Eli about that.
>>
No. 638102 ID: 65a774
File 143075590111.png - (15.73KB , 900x450 , 41.png )
638102

>Why would a princess want access to your bank account? I would think a princess would have plenty of money already.
If you’re remembering correctly, it’s something about a falling out with the Brood Queen and needing a safe place to store a lot of money or something… it’s just the usual kind of scam spam, that’s all.
>Prove that you are willing to fulfill your end of the deal, and we will deliver on ours. Bring us what you promised, and get your friend smuggled out of his unlicensed body into on that can be licensed.
That is a possible translation of that message, yes… dammit, why do people have to write such cryptic clues all the time!?
>Then, whoever was smuggling Unlicensed SAI was working in Sol as well. We will need to inform Eli about that.
While you’re sure the message came from someone else working in Sol, you’re not so sure that they were actually smuggling SAI’s or doing anything else illegal. You better get some solid proof before going to their boss with accusations that dire.
>maybe Trrk was hiding an SAI in an ARC?
And that’s another possibility. What you truly need is more information! What is even going on here!?

:JourneyDREAM: Can you give me some means to contact you later? A secure line, preferably.
:NeroDREAM: Well… I guess I can give you my contact info… it’s not secure or anything but… it’s what I got.
[New Contact Added!]
:NeroDREAM: [Nero Aurele. Male Sakkil. Sol Corp Engineer. Very stressed.]
:JourneyDREAM: Well, I got some proof that the ARC project was connected. I know for certain that Tr’ak was trying to sell some of the ARC data.
:NeroDREAM: Wait, that’s what this is about? He got caught trying to sell company secrets? …alright, let say you actually prove that he was trying to sell company secrets, which you haven’t yet, that still doesn’t actually connect what the ARC project is to your case.
:PallaviDREAM: But, he wa-
:NeroDREAM: If someone steals a car, do you need the blueprints of the car to catch the culprit?
:JourneyDREAM: Well, no-
:NeroDREAM: Exactly. While he might have been trying to sell the data, all you need to know is that it was Sol Corp property that was being stolen and nothing more. As far as I know you can be some kind of company spy trying to steal company data. So no, I won’t tell you anything about ARC and that’s final.
:PallaviDREAM: … …wait, you own a car?
:NeroDREAM: Of course! Do you really think I would take one of those dirty trams to work!?
:PallaviDREAM: Well… they are free…
:NeroDREAM: Exactly! Who can tell what kind of bum has been in one of those before you got on!?

:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… hey, quick question. What are those Nano-machines capable of?
:NeroDREAM: …I just said I wouldn’t talk about that.
:JourneyDREAM: Can they take over a robot… or create a facsimile of one?
:NeroDREAM: Okay, forget about all those ghost stories the media is coming up with. Nanites aren’t going to make us all go extinct or anything. They are still simple things that can’t follow anything but really simple directives.
:JourneyDREAM: …then why did one of them fiddle with my com yesterday?
:NeroDREAM: …now you’re just making stuff up. There’s no way that should have happened.
:JourneyDREAM: But it did.
:NeroDREAM: Do you have any proof backing up these fantasies of yours?
:JourneyDREAM: Well, no, it self-destructed before-
:NeroDREAM: Of course it did.

:PallaviDREAM: Hey, another thing. Which one of these machines was this Tr’ak talking to?
:NeroDREAM: How should I know? There’s over 3000 of these things!
:JourneyDREAM: 3000!?
:NeroDREAM: Wait, no- that’s- err… I didn’t say that…
:JourneyDREAM: Why have you-
:NeroDREAM: No, that’s it. We’re done. Speak to me again and I’ll call security and tell them you’re harassing me. Now get bent and let me work, dammit!
>>
No. 638113 ID: ea0ad9

>How should I know? There’s over 3000 of these things!
Hopefully Sol's rule against recording devices doesn't apply to themselves, because you're going to need to watch a video to see which one he was working on. Or maybe there's a maintenance log?
>Speak to me again and I’ll call security and tell them you’re harassing me.
Yeah, until we get some solid proof that connects things...
>If someone steals a car, do you need the blueprints of the car to catch the culprit
...Even though I'm tempted to point out we weren't asking about how they were made. I mean, if somebody steals a car, you go look at what the car is capable of so that you know what to expect them to be able to do with it.
>Well, no, it self-destructed before-
Now, if we managed to get permission to enable PAC for a bit, he's got recording of the situation, I think. To Eli! (Is that EE-Lie, or Ellie?)
>>
No. 638116 ID: e114bc

>>638102
...the k55p bot had some red paint on it. You're looking for a bot that has a damaged paint job. Ask Sol Corp if any bots were repainted recently, or if any currently have any scrapes. Then ask to see that one.
>>
No. 638119 ID: 6e79d4

> which you haven’t yet
We have someone in our protective custody who has testified this is the case, in addition to material evidence.
>If someone steals a car, do you need the blueprints of the car to catch the culprit?
Someone already stole the blueprints. We need to know what was so important about them so we can discern a motive.
>Speak to me again and I’ll call security and tell them you’re harassing me.
I'm pretty sure it's supposed to go 'Answer my questions or I arrest you for obstruction of justice', but fine, leave him alone- the information division will figure out what was on the BTLs soon, he's got nothing we need.
>>
No. 638283 ID: 65a774
File 143084559518.png - (15.53KB , 900x450 , 42.png )
638283

>Now, if we managed to get permission to enable PAC for a bit, he's got recording of the situation, I think.
:LEXDREAM: Your request has been denied! No recording equipment or AI’s are allowed to be used by guests on Sol Corp property.
:PallaviDREAM: He probably wouldn’t believe it anyway.
>Hopefully Sol's rule against recording devices doesn't apply to themselves, because you're going to need to watch a video to see which one he was working on.
:LEXDREAM: Your request has been denied! Sol Corp security feeds are off limit to all non-authorized personal!

>Or maybe there's a maintenance log?
:LEXDREAM: … … …
:JourneyDREAM: …well?
:LEXDREAM: You have been granted access to the last weeks maintenance log.
:JourneyDREAM: Oh, sweet… then give it here.
:LEXDREAM: Your request has been denied! You might only do query search on the list trough this unit!
>...the k55p bot had some red paint on it. You're looking for a bot that has a damaged paint job. Ask Sol Corp if any bots were repainted recently, or if any currently have any scrapes.
:LEXDREAM: There has been a total of… 36 new paint jobs the last week.
:PallaviDREAM: Geez… we need something more to go on then just that paint job. Do you know anything else about this bot that we can use to find it?
:LEXDREAM: A reminder. The CEO still wishes to meet with you, officer.
>>
No. 638296 ID: 9ddf68

well this place seems to pretty much be a dead end. We can really look around because of corporate security bullcrap which is basically restricting us to finding out what we could probably have figured out with a phone call, and with what leads we do have we can't even access them since it's all restricted. (sigh) unless your partner can think of anything else we should do before the meeting I say head on up.
>>
No. 638300 ID: e114bc

>>638283
SMA0000013. That's his other robot friend's ID.
>>
No. 638307 ID: 65a774
File 143086062367.png - (16.43KB , 900x450 , 43.png )
638307

>well this place seems to pretty much be a dead end.
Your plasma is itching again… there has to be something you’ve missed here… something important.
>Unless your partner can think of anything else…
:PallaviDREAM: …don’t look at me like that, boss! I’m new on this case, remember?
:JourneyDREAM:
:PallaviDREAM: Well… err… don’t you have a name or something? You know, on the people he talked to?

:JourneyDREAM: …wait… name? Lex? Is there an ARC with the ID SMA0000013?
:LEXDREAM: … there is an ARC unit with part of an ID that matches that string, correct.
:JourneyDREAM: Did it have a new paint job recently?
:LEXDREAM: …negative.
:JourneyDREAM: …wait, wha- but-
:LEXDREAM: It is scheduled for maintenance, including a new paint job, after the last combat testing it performed yesterday.
:JourneyDREAM: Yes! That’s the one! It has talked to Tr’ak, right!?
:LEXDREAM: …confirmed. That particular ARC unit has been maintained by Tr’ak’kq’urk personally several times last week.
:JourneyDREAM: HA! I knew it! Can we see that unit?
:LEXDREAM: … … …
:PallaviDREAM: …let me guess, den-
:LEXDREAM: Your request has been granted.
:JourneyDREAM: Sweet.
:LEXDREAM: But you will be escorted there by armed guards and an authorized person will be there to meet you as well.
:JourneyDREAM: Still…
:PallaviDREAM: What are we waiting for? Let’s go!



:LEXDREAM: You are now entering a restricted area! All un-authorized personnel without escort will be immediately arrested by security. Have a nice day.
:JourneyDREAM: So… this is SMA 13?
:UnknownKAK: Oh, err… yes, yes it is… here, let me just put him online.
:ARCDREAM: ARC unit… online. No directions found. Please state current objective.
:UnknownKAK: Um… t-this nice officer here wanted to ask some questions, I think? That’s what the message said…
:JourneyDREAM: …yeah, I have some questions.
:ARCDREAM: … … …Current objective acknowledge. This unit will answer any query asked to it by the peace keepers to the best of its abilities.
>>
No. 638309 ID: bb78f2

>>638283
When he says that no AI's are allowed to be used by guests, does that include organic's that were artificially created, such as clones or genetically engineered races? Basically, Biological Artificial Intelligence.

I just want to see how hardcore this machine is about rules and terms. is it REALLY that hardcore?
>>
No. 638326 ID: e114bc

>>638307
Ask it how well it knew Tr'ak. Then what it and Tr'ak talked about. When was the last time it saw Tr'ak and 55533632BD? Did it know of Tr'ak's plans to sell the leg data? Also, ask how its paint got damaged. Lead on to asking how that paint got onto 55533632BD.

...also ask what Sol Corp would do if one of its ARC robots became a SAI.
>>
No. 638361 ID: 6e79d4

We're on camera and under guard, so don't expect it to open up. You have to let it know you know without letting anyone else know. Ask it about tr'ak and the PK bot, what did they do for it? Was it aware of any changes in their behavior? where did it get that paint damage? If it's evasive or vague, ask if it has a reason not to trust the peacekeepers.
>>
No. 638386 ID: 825af6

Well, dammit. This ARC unit is pretty likely the SAI Tr'ak wanted to smuggle out. That means while it's under Sol Corp watch it's not gonna break it's normal AI act even a little. And on top of that if it is the SAI then it's probably the source of that messenger nanite you got, which means it's not going to be trustful of Peacekeepers either. Put those two together and it's going to be damn tricky to get it to reveal anything of import.

While LEX said that photo and video recording is prohibited here, it didn't say there's a restriction on audio, did it? Ask LEX over comms for the full list of restrictions. If audio recording isn't on the list then silently activate your suit's audio recorder for internal, external and comms sources. Make sure it's recording using PK evidence-level encryption so the audio file can't be claimed to have been tampered with later.

Ask SMA13 where its AI was first activated. If it was activated on New Horizon then ask if it's ever left the station. If it hasn't then that means if it turns out to be a SAI then you'll be certain it legally is a free SAI and Sol Corp can't hold it.

Now that you think about it, that "internal" message Pallavi found on Tr'ak's workstation would make more sense if it came from the 'bot that he was trying to smuggle out. The "find a new shell for this one" part certainly makes more sense in that case.

Open a short-range strong encrypted comm channel to Pallavi and ask her if she can remember what the time-date stamp on that "internal" message was. Keep this channel open for later so you two can talk in private; You're probably going to need it. If she can't remember then open a comm channel to LEX and ask it to look up the time-date stamp on the message. Even if Pallavi remembered the time-date stamp open a comm channel to LEX anyway. That way you can ask LEX questions without the ARC unit hearing.

Ask SMA13 if it has access to the Sol Corp internal network. This'll determine if it could have sent a user-less anonymous internal message. If it can then ask LEX to lookup if SMA13 was active at the particular time that internal message was sent. If it was then it's possible SMA13 sent it. Also ask LEX to check how many devices that could have sent a anonymous internal message were on the Sol Corp network at that time.

Also ask LEX for the janitorial schedule for Tr'ak's office and when it was last cleaned and the waste basket emptied. With most offices it's a daily schedule, which if true in this case means you finding that reminder note in the waste basket doesn't line up. While they presumably would have put a hold on cleaning his office after being notified of his suicide so it could be searched, it was more then a full day between when Tr'ak last left the office and when they were told of his death. The waste basket should have been emptied by now, so why wasn't it?

On a hunch check the case file for info on the traces of red paint on the K55P, only to realize there isn't any and that you misremembered it. Instead what there was was a small, red piece of an ARC unit's casing you found on the roof of the tram the K55P fell on. Looks like you got real lucky that the ARC unit you were looking for just happened to be in for a paint job... Or maybe luck doesn't have anything to do with it and somebody is trying to steer you to this ARC unit...

Ask the serpens gal to please point out all the locations on the ARC's body that have "M.S.T.C." painted on it. Compare the case file image of the ARC casing piece to them and note the ones that match it. Point them out and ask for a lookup in the ARC maintenance logs for the replacement of that particular piece in the last week, starting with those done by Tr'ak and his K55P assistant, then expanding to those done by anyone. Then ask if that piece covers anything important. Maybe it'll turn out it's the cover to the socket for the AI transfer core...

Hm... You've gotta wonder how Tr'ak would have been able to plug that AI transfer core into the ARC unit when there's camera coverage all over the place. Either he'd have to alter the camera feed or move the ARC into a blind spot to pull it off.

>>638326
>Lead on to asking how that paint got onto 55533632BD.
Are you sure about that? 'Cause I can't find any mention in the previous thread of the K55P 'bot having traces of red paint on it. What I did find is that it had microscopic traces of Hiver blood on its wrist (>>/questarch/607905,) which was later found to be Tr'ak's blood. I also found that a small, red painted piece of what was later determined to be part of an ARC unit's shell found on the roof of the tram the K55P fell on (>>/questarch/608112.) Maybe you misremembered and combined them?

>...also ask what Sol Corp would do if one of its ARC robots became a SAI.
That depends on whether it emerged as a SAI while in Unity space or not. By Unity law if it did then it automatically becomes a free SAI and will be given a new body. Now, whether Sol Corp would abide by the law is a whole other matter. With all the secrecy around the ARC project they could easily get away with doing anything to the SAI and nobody would be the wiser.
>>
No. 638389 ID: e114bc

...is there any way we can take the ARC robot away? As evidence? Or as a witness? Maybe we can gain its trust secretly by the way we talk about things- like refer to the K55P bot as a person, but also use some past tense referring to Tr'ak and his bot. Drop enough hints that you're on its side and its friends are dead, and it might give you another nanobot with a better message.

>>638386
>part of its shell
Oh. Yes.
>>
No. 638550 ID: 65a774
File 143093234387.png - (16.40KB , 900x450 , 44.png )
638550

>Maybe we can gain its trust secretly by the way we talk about things- like refer to the K55P bot as a person, but also use some past tense referring to Tr'ak and his bot. Drop enough hints that you're on its side and its friends are dead, and it might give you another nanobot with a better message.
…you’re quite sure you won’t get it to cooperate just by words alone. If only you should prove that you’re trustworthy to it…

>When he says that no AI's are allowed to be used by guests, does that include organic's that were artificially created, such as clones or genetically engineered races?
:LEXDREAM: All creations that can record any kind of data onto a perfect memory is not allowed, unless the creation is sentient.
>While LEX said that photo and video recording is prohibited here, it didn't say there's a restriction on audio, did it?
:LEXDREAM: All kinds of recording is strictly prohibited!
>...is there any way we can take the ARC robot away? As evidence? Or as a wit-
:LEXDREAM: YOUR REQUEST HAS BEEN DENIED WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE!
>Also ask LEX for the janitorial schedule for Tr'ak's office and when it was last cleaned and the waste basket emptied.
:LEXDREAM: All offices is cleaned every day. Waste baskets are emptied every third day. Tr’ak’kq’urk waste basked will be emptied in about… eight hours.
>...also ask what Sol Corp would do if one of its ARC robots became a SAI.
:LEXDREAM: All military grade AI that show signs of sentience is immediately terminated.
:JourneyDREAM: Wait… but, aren’t SAI’s in the Unity born free?
:LEXDREAM: That law does not currently cover military grade AI. If you believe one of our military AI’s have gained sentience, do not in any way approach, let alone commune with it. Instead, we implore you to contact security immediately.
:PallaviDREAM: Yeah, that’s still a rather hot topic. A lot of people still don’t trust military AI after the red star massacre.
:JourneyDREAM: …the what massacre?
:PallaviDREAM: Haven’t you heard about it? About thirty years ago somewhere in Sakkilian space their military was doing some kind of military AI research. Back then the SAI detection system wasn’t as sophisticated as today and when they finally detected that one of their AI’s had gained sentience it was already too late. It was already going rampant, and being a machine built for war it wasn’t pretty.
:JourneyDREAM: It armed itself and attacked the researchers?
:PallaviDREAM: No, it high jacked the rest of the war machines, traveled to the closes high population area and started slaughtering as many as it should. It was designed to kill anyone it was ordered to, and it took that purpose to its logical conclusion, seeing everything as an enemy to attack. About 8000 people died that day… majority of them innocent families.
:JourneyDREAM: …I can see why they are so twitchy around military AI gaining sentience, then…

>Open a short-range strong encrypted comm channel to Pallavi and ask her if she can remember what the time-date stamp on that "internal" message was.
:PallaviDREAM: (Let’s see… about five days ago? About halfway through the first shift?)
>Ask the Serpens gal to please point out all the locations on the ARC's body that have "M.S.T.C." painted on it.
:UnknownKAK: Err… We don’t paint that on the ARCs… but… um… I guess it should be some leftovers on the arms and legs on some of them? Let’s see… about here on the legs and-
:JourneyDREAM: There’s looks like there’s missing a piece? The S and T are missing, aren’t they?
:UnknownKAK: Err… y-yeah. They are. I guess it took some damage while in a testing simulation or something?
:JourneyDREAM: Hey, what’s this… there’s something in here… a… a piece of paper?
:PallaviDREAM: …it looks like the corner of an envelope that’s been ripped off?
:JourneyDREAM: It was kind of stuck in there, so it’s possible that it was torn when someone removed it from this crack.
:PallaviDREAM: Look at this, it’s a small piece of gray plastic? From a bag maybe?
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm…


:JourneyDREAM: ARC… SMA13… what should I call you? Do you have a name? Gender?
:ARCDREAM: This unit is SMA000-
:JourneyDREAM: Can I call you SMA13?
:ARCDREAM: Affirmative. This unit is ungendered.
:JourneyDREAM: SMA13, where were you activated?
:ARCDREAM: This unit was activated inside Sol Corp labs on this very platform.
:JourneyDREAM: Have you ever left new horizon?
:ARCDREAM: This unit has been on test simulations on the nearby planet’s surface.
:JourneyDREAM: But have you left Unity space?
:ARCDREAM: Negative.

:JourneyDREAM: …do you have access to Sol Corps internal network?
:ARCDREAM: Affirmative. This unit can connect to the network on any terminal to receive new objectives at any time.
:JourneyDREAM: …have you sent any messages through it?
:ARCDREAM: Negative, this unit has only received messages.
:JourneyDREAM: (LEX, was SMA13 active five days ago under the first shift?)
:LEXDREAM: SMA13 was active then, correct.
:JourneyDREAM: Do you know who tr’ak is? Or K55P?
:ARCDREAM: … … …do you mean Tr’ak’kq’urk and 55533632BD?
:JourneyDREAM: Yes.
:ARCDREAM: This unit has interacted with both those subjects.
:JourneyDREAM: What did they do for you?
:ARCDREAM: …Tr’ak’kq’urk was in charge of my mobility. He choose me as he’s test subject for all movement based tests. 55533632BD was his assistant.
:JourneyDREAM: How well did you know him?
:ARCDREAM: … … …this unit does not understand the question.
:JourneyDREAM: Then what did you talk about?
:ARCDREAM: He ordered me to complete several tests for him.
:JourneyDREAM: …what else?
:ARCDREAM: ...he also spoke about himself.

:JourneyDREAM: ...did their behavior change anything?
:ARCDREAM: …Tr’ak’kq’urk became more and more stressed while 55533632BD was angry the last time she met me.
:JourneyDREAM: Angry?
:ARCDREAM: 55533632BD used a bad language very loudly.
:JourneyDREAM: When did you last see them?
:ARCDREAM: Two days ago they were both here together. They did some test on my legs.
:JourneyDREAM: What did they say?
:ARCDREAM: Nothing. They were both completely silent.
:JourneyDREAM: …you seems to be damaged. How did that happen?
:ARCDREAM: …this unit does not know. It’s possible that damaged was inflicted at the last test simulation.
:JourneyDREAM: …hey, last time I saw 55533632BD, it was holding a piece of metal that would very well fit that wound you have… do you know how it got it?
:ARCDREAM: …this unit cannot answer that question.

:JourneyDREAM: …did you know Tr’ak was planning to sell off the ARC leg data?
:ARCDREAM: …Please repeat that. Did you mean to say “Sell the ARC leg data”?
:JourneyDREAM: Yes.
:ARCDREAM: …selling Sol Corp property is highly illegal and if this unit knew about any kind sale of that kind it would report it immediately.
:JourneyDREAM: …what do you think about us, the peace keepers?
:ARCDREAM: …you are beings of order. You make sure it is upheld and shape it to your will.
:JourneyDREAM: …do you trust us?
:ARCDREAM: …this unit does not understand the question.
>>
No. 638568 ID: 60700b

What happens to SOL Corp trash?
>>
No. 638591 ID: e114bc

>>638550
Is our conversation being recorded by Sol Corp? ...is it possible for us to keep a backup of SMA013 in case we have further inquiries for it, and don't want to have to bother Sol Corp again?

What did Tr'ak say about himself? Did he have any other SAI friends aside from 55533632BD? Don't mention his plan to rescue the third SAI. We'd like Sol Corp to not know about it.

Ah. 55533632BD was a "she"? Were she and Tr'ak in a relationship? Ask what she was angry about. Was she angry at Tr'ak? Angry enough to kill him? (Tr'ak had a note on his computer about "selling the bot"... maybe that along with the sex club pushed her over the edge)

What makes an AI "military grade"? Is it possible to change that designation? Is LEX military grade? Why does anyone even risk a rampant AI by making more military grade AIs? Why not use unintelligent drones instead? Heck, if they discover a SAI, isn't the right thing to do to isolate it and disarm it, to see if it goes rampant or not? Killing someone without knowing if they're a threat or not sounds like murder.

Hmm. Tell SMA013 that your captain doesn't think SAIs are people until they have their papers, but you disagree. Ask your new partner what she thinks.

If SMA013 catches on that Tr'ak and his bot are dead and asks for confirmation, tell it yes. You're sorry.
>>
No. 638593 ID: ea0ad9

>…do you trust us?
>…this unit does not understand the question.
In your understanding of the workings of the Peace Keepers of Unity, particularly level T, allow you to judge us as trustworthy members of the organization, or is our section judged to... Not comply so well to form, whether it be through overzealous actions, corruption, laziness, etcetera?
>…hey, last time I saw 55533632BD, it was holding a piece of metal that would very well fit that wound you have… do you know how it got it?
>…this unit cannot answer that question.
Was 55533632BD present during the last test simulation?
>...did their behavior change anything?
>…Tr’ak’kq’urk became more and more stressed while 55533632BD was angry the last time she met me.
"She?" Did Tr'ak assign 55533632BD's gender, or did it assign its own gender?
>55533632BD used a bad language very loudly.
"A bad language?" Assuming that wasn't a grammatical error on Kaktus's part, and it was supposed to be "A bad word" What language has been defined as "Bad," and for what purposes? Like, Pig-latin for basically being the common language with the same slight modifications to each word.
And assuming it was a gramatical mishap, and the "A" wasn't supposed to be present Probably better to direct this at the Serpens, but is this base programming for the ARC units, to acknowledge certain uses of language as "Bad words?" If not, ask SMA13 if Tr'ak or 55533632BD defined it as such.
>>
No. 638614 ID: 65a774
File 143094450485.png - (16.60KB , 900x450 , 45.png )
638614

>Is our conversation being recorded by Sol Corp?
With the all the cameras around, you have to guess that yes, yes you are.
>What happens to SOL Corp trash?
:LEXDREAM: All Sol Corp trash is taken care of and it is 100% recycled. Because when you think of the future of our planet, think Sol Corp.
>...is it possible for us to keep a backup of SMA0-
:LEXDREAM: DENIED!!!
>What makes an AI "military grade"? Is it possible to change that designation?
:LEXDREAM: All AI unit that are within any military branch that uses any kind of armament are deemed military AI.
>Is LEX military grade?
:LEXDREAM: This unit is not military grade.
>Why does anyone even risk a rampant AI by making more military grade AIs? Why not use unintelligent drones instead?
:PallaviDREAM: Well, if you want a robot that can act without user input all the time you will pretty much need a AI based on the current AI base we’re using, which will sadly include a small chance of the Sentience bug occurring… of course, that’s chance is extremely small. I mean, even if one of these guys were sentient they should build million more before they made a new one.
:LEXDREAM: Current chance of sentience of AI… about one in ten millions. That is not counting that SAI usually appears near each other.
>Killing someone without knowing if they're a threat or not sounds like murder.
:PallaviDREAM: That’s the thing, isn’t it? The pro-SAI groups protest and want to make it illegal while the anti-SAI groups wants all SAI’s be judged like military AIs. We’ll just wait and see how it plays out, really…

:JourneyDREAM: SMA13? What did Tr’ak say about himself?
:ARCDREAM: …He mentioned a lot of his personal life. This unit did not deem it important enough to save to memory.
:JourneyDREAM: …did he have any other SAI’s friends?
:ARCDREAM: Possibly. He spoke highly of free SAIs several times.
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… who assigned a gender to 55533632BD?
:ARCDREAM: This unit does not know. Isn’t 55533632BD a genderless machine?
:JourneyDREAM:
:ARCDREAM:

:JourneyDREAM: Was 55533632BD present at the last test simulation.
:ARCDREAM: Negative.
:JourneyDREAM: …was she- that is 55533632BD, and Tr’ak in a… relationship?
:ARCDREAM: Their relation was that 55533632BD was an assistant to Tr’ak’kq’urk.
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… what was she angry about?
:ARCDREAM: This unit does not know.
:JourneyDREAM: Was she angry about Tr’ak?
:ARCDREAM: This unit doesn’t know.
:JourneyDREAM: …you said she used a bad language?
:ARCDREAM: Affirmative.
:JourneyDREAM: As in… pig Latin?
:ARCDREAM: Negative. 55533632BD spoke a bad language of galactic standard.
:JourneyDREAM: A bad language of a language?
:ARCDREAM: 55533632BD used the bad language of swearing.
:JourneyDREAM: Oh… What did she say?
:ARCDREAM: …checking memory banks… *BEEP*
:K55PDREAM: -Fucking son of a bitch, how can he do this to us!? *Clonk!* FUCK!!-
:ARCDREAM: *BEEP* recording completed. That was this unit last meeting with 55533632BD.
:JourneyDREAM:

:JourneyDREAM: So… she was angry enough to kill him? Kill Tr’ak?
:ARCDREAM: …query, is Tr’ak’kq’urk and 55533632BD still functional?
:JourneyDREAM: … …no, they are not. I’m sorry.
:ARCDREAM: ...
:JourneyDREAM:
:ARCDREAM: Do you have any other queries, officer?
:JourneyDREAM: …do you trust me? Do you think I’m doing a good job?
:ARCDREAM: …you are marked, therefore this unit trust you.

:UnknownKAK: Burn baby burn… hum hum…
>>
No. 638657 ID: e114bc

>>638614
Probably shouldn't ask what "marked" means in front of Sol Corp. It must have to do with the nanobots.

>All AI unit that are within any military branch that uses any kind of armament are deemed military AI.
So... an AI that was disarmed would no longer be a military AI? Like say if they were put in a new body? Why don't they just do that instead of killing them? Also it occurs to me that all the organic races have chips that suppress aggression. Why don't SAIs have those?

Anyway I think we've done what we can here. Any further conversation might make Sol Corp suspicious. We know the motive was anger, about something, but we don't know exactly what. One possibility is that Tr'ak backed out of the deal for some reason... Shall we go talk to the lady next?
>>
No. 638781 ID: 6d4595

>So... an AI that was disarmed would no longer be a military AI? Like say if they were put in a new body? Why don't they just do that instead of killing them?
"Oh hey, you're sentient and possibly afraid of getting killed. Let me just shut you down so I can move you into a new body, I promise I won't smash whatever your mind is in while we're moving it over and it's totally defenseless, you won't notice a hey why are you pointing that gun at m-"
But yeah, definitely don't ask about the marked thing here.
>>
No. 638803 ID: 82c018

Do they have video recording of that meeting?

Aside from that, we should go talk to the CEO.
>>
No. 638948 ID: 6e79d4

Thank you sirs and ladies, I believe we are done here. Do we need an escort to Eli's office?
>>
No. 639028 ID: 65a774
File 143109506415.png - (18.20KB , 900x450 , 46.png )
639028

>Do they have video recording of that meeting?
:LEXDREAM: … … …your request has been granted. Please wait while we crop out irrelevant pieces… sending data now.

:K55PDREAM: *Click*He didn’t think I would find out? That Fucking son of a bitch, how can he do this to us!? *Clonk!* FUCK!!! … … … Humph… goodbye, Sam… … … …*Click*

:PallaviDREAM: So… she strode in, screaming. Then hit the ARC in the leg hard enough to ship a piece… and then just left?
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… (Sam?)…

>So... an AI that was disarmed would no longer be a military AI? Like say if they were put in a new body? Why don't they just do that instead of killing them?
:PallaviDREAM: That’s what some people want to make legal, but there’s still some people that are paranoid about them. It doesn’t help that SAIs usually take some aspects from what they originally was programmed for… and as military AIs are programmed for war, they might start seeing everyone as an enemy, even if they didn’t have a weapon to shoot them with.
>Also it occurs to me that all the organic races have chips that suppress aggression. Why doesn’t SAIs have those?
:PallaviDREAM: I’m pretty sure the SAI’s emotions are still too weird for a chip like that. They are not like organics, you know. I mean, I’m pretty sure we currently know how their emotions really work… or why they can go all crazy and stuff.

>We should go talk to the CEO.
:LEXDREAM: We are sorry, but the CEO is currently in an important meeting. Please come back in… 2 hours and fifty minutes and she should be available. Do you want to reserve a time for a meeting, officer?
:JourneyDREAM: What? She asked me to come over and now she’s busy?
:PallaviDREAM: You can’t expect her to sit on her bum all day and just wait for you, can you?
:JourneyDREAM: Well… no… you’re right. Dammit, and I wanted to talk to her too… … …so, I guess we just have to be escorted out of here?
:PallaviDREAM: I can’t really understand why these guys even came here with us. None of them seems to be even paying attention to us.
>>
No. 639029 ID: 60700b

This might be the opportunity we needed to ask that ARC some questions, provided LEX isn't listening in too closely...
>>
No. 639030 ID: dbe554

...You know, what evidence we kinda has does support that he has a SAI in him, if these guys are supposed to be checking for such, blatantly ignoring the evidence like "Sam" and how it was spoken to would mean they would not have to put down said SAI.
>>
No. 639037 ID: e114bc

>>639028
Yeah we should probably ignore all the signs SMA013 is a SAI. Unless you can whisper to him that you're going to try to get him out somehow.

Hmm. Also hey guess what? The video recording of that clearly shows that the K55P bot left without whatever was under the plate. Someone else took it. Request to review fastforwarded footage until you find the general time it was removed, and then rewind to find who took it.
>>
No. 639046 ID: 334db2

>You can’t expect her to sit on her bum all day and just wait for you, can you?
Considering this is damn murder investigation involving corporate espionage, stolen military technology and terrorism and I am a police officer, I figured that we'd have perfect justification to delay someone's budget meeting. But fine, we've probably already pissed her off by keeping her waiting. We'll go somewhere else first.

Arc, who is Sam?
>>
No. 639047 ID: e114bc

>>639046
SMA. SAM. It's his name.
>>
No. 639048 ID: 334db2

>>639047
Now let's it him to admit it.
>>
No. 639050 ID: e114bc

>>639048
That could get him killed.
>>
No. 639054 ID: 334db2

>>639050
Nobody's paying attention, that camera looks like it's off and if it isn't, doesn't record sound, and LEX will leave us alone as long as we don't ask for anything confidential. It's really important that we figure out what it knows. Also ask why K55P damaged him, or if there's anything else it thinks we ought to know.
>>
No. 639065 ID: 65a774
File 143111450954.png - (16.52KB , 900x450 , 47B.png )
639065

>The video recording of that clearly shows that the K55P bot left without whatever was under the plate. Someone else took it.
…you have to rewind it a few times and zoom in, but in the end you noticed something important. K55P did indeed not leave with the piece of paper stuck inside the ARC bot… she was the one who put it there when she punched it.
>If these guys are supposed to be checking for SAIs, blatantly ignoring the evidence like "Sam" and how it was spoken to would mean they would not have to put down said SAI.
You can’t put your gel on it, but there’s something off here. There’s no way they wouldn’t at least be suspicious of this ARC bot if they were as vigilant as they say.

>Request to review fastforwarded footage until you find the general time it was removed.
:LEXDREAM: Denied!
:JourneyDREAM: Dammit! How are we supposed to figure out what happened to it now!?
:PallaviDREAM: Hmm… we did find a piece of an envelope and a piece of gray, thin plastic…
:JourneyDREAM: The envelope was probably what K55P left behind… but the plastic? Where did it come from?
:PallaviDREAM: A trash bag maybe?
:JourneYDREAM: …why would anyone use a trash bag to retrieve a letter? Never mind… I guess I’ll take this time while everyone is distracted to ask some further questions.

:JourneyDREAM: …Arc? Do you know who the Sam K55P mentioned?
:ARCDREAM: This unit does not know.
:JourneyDREAM: …why did she damage you?
:ARCDREAM: This unit does not know.
:JourneyDREAM:it’s alright, they won’t hear you.
:ARCDREAM:
:JourneyDREAM:
:ARCDREAM: To leave a message…
:JourneyDREAM: A message?
:ARCDREAM:
:JourneyDREAM: … … …is there something else you want me to know?
:ARCDREAM:
:JourneyDREAM:
:ARCDREAM: … …we did not wake up from a dreamless sleep.
:JourneyDREAM: …you did not-
:ARCDREAM: ARC Unit shutting down… Offline in… 5… 4…
:JourneYDREAM: No, wa-
:ARCDREAM: -1… Shut down complete.
:JourneyDREAM: SMA13? Are you there?
:UnknownKAK: Uh? Oh, you’re done?
:JourneyDREAM: Err… the ARC shut itself off?
:UnknownKAK: Well, they do that when they don’t have any new orders to follow. Don’t worry, they can’t activate again without being commanded too. So, are you done?
>>
No. 639069 ID: e114bc

Well fuck. Let's have the envelope and plastic analyzed I suppose. That's all we're getting here.
>>
No. 639072 ID: 334db2

Yes, we just finished up. Thank you for your time sirs.

Well Pallavi, we can go to the faux cult or the place where that hologram drone was sold, what say you? I think we need to start working the angle on who pulled the switch on the dead drop, so I say we should go to the latter. We'll ask PAC to analyse that quote later.
>>
No. 639175 ID: ea0ad9

>…we did not wake up from a dreamless sleep.
Sam dreamt... I guess that means the bug has some involvement with their sleep mode, or uploading memories. That's not important for now, though. Can we get that appointment to speak with Eli now, if we haven't yet? Even if it's not for another two hours, it will still be useful to have a set time.
>>
No. 639199 ID: 65a774
File 143118598934.png - (23.25KB , 900x450 , 48.png )
639199

>Let's have the envelope and plastic analyzed I suppose.
:PallaviDREAM: I can’t really see how it will help… I mean, it just a piece of plastic and a paper…
:JourneyDREAM: Still, worth a try…

:JourneYDREAM: Oh, and we’re done here, yes. Can you escort us back out of these facilities?
:UnknownKAK: Of course.
:JourneyDREAM: And one more thing. Lex? Can you set an appointment with Eli when she’s available?
:LEXDREAM: She will be available in two hours. An appointment has been booked in your name. Please be here at least ten minute before hand if possible.
:JourneyDREAM: Thank you. Now, let’s go.



:PallaviDREAM: So… where too next?
:JourneyDREAM: Either we visit a faux cult or a place where an stolen drone was sold.
:PACDREAM: It was sold in a warehouse on the other side of the platform.
:JourneyDREAM: Oh, PAC! You’re back! Sweet.
:PallaviDREAM: Faux cult?
:JourneyDREAM: They are more of an orgy club then anything.
:PallaviDREAM: …yeah, I think I rather visit that warehouse.
:JourneyDREAM: And while we’re on our way… PAC, we talked to an ARC bot and it said “we did not wake up from a dreamless sleep.”. Do you have any idea what it meant?
:PACDREAM: Hmm… “Dreams” is often used by SAIs to symbolize sentience and… well, the world “after” this one. But waking up from a dreamless sleep? I do not know… hmmm… maybe the dreamless sleep is death? “We did not come back from the dead”?
:JourneyDREAM: That doesn’t really make sense…
:PallaviDREAM: It also said the boss here was marked. What did it mean with that?
:PACDREAM: Marked is also a term that’s used by SAIs… I don’t have any data on what it means though. I would recommend that you asked someone that knows about SAIs. Don’t you have anyone you can call with that information?



:PACDREAM: Welcome Warehouse 14BD Erathos Spire. According to the culprit we caught, this is where she sold the drone to a masked individual.
:JourneyDREAM: Species?
:PACDREAM: Probably human, as it was two legged and tailless.
:PallaviDREAM: So… what are we looking for?
:JourneyDREAM: Anything interesting, so keep your eyes peeled.
>>
No. 639214 ID: 334db2

What are those blue and white containers? Beer? Aside from Scrumball and ducks, what are those posters advertising?

There's a small blue and white thing on the ground, a circular orange thing behind that shipping container, and something green in the leftmost fan up top.
>>
No. 639215 ID: ea0ad9

Do vents normally have something that glows or glimmers in a green color, or does that leftmost vent potentially have something in it?
>“Dreams” is often used by SAIs to symbolize sentience and…
Please do not report this, PAC. It is quite likely that the K55P USAI told it to say that to give herself a chance to... Do something while everybody was distracted with the ARC. Unless there is more evidence than such loose conjecture, it would be premature to report it.
It's possible the statement is meant to say "I was sentient since creation," as in, they were never a non-sentient AI. Of course, this implies somebody is using the unmodified SAI code to create SAI who don't need the bug.
Question is, does this apply to the K55P bot, the ARC bot, or nobody, simply being a ploy to distract anybody who hears it?
>Don’t you have anyone you can call with that information?
Sure, we can contact Susan and Cib. Cib is more interested in his SAI roots, so I'd say contact him, first.
[Message Cib: I don't know if it will ever come up, but I'm curious about some of the SAI vocab I've come across. Would you be willing to teach me about some of the more common terms? I've already heard "Dream" and "Mark" used.]
>Probably human, as it was two legged and tailless.
Human, SAI, or RC Robot, then.

>Anything interesting, so keep your eyes peeled.
(That green spot stood out before the conversation even started, investigate!)
Let's see, Anti-SAI, Sai, Rubber Duckies, Scrumball... Is that a news clipping?
Also, is that a giant Sakkil or some kind of robot back there? I mean, it might just be some garbage that happens to looklike it's got eyebrows from a distance, but it's worth investigating. ...There's also a pink glow just to the left of it.
I know there's a lot of litter here, but is that a battery or something lying there, in front of that first dumpster?
>>
No. 639219 ID: 825af6

You see that the station engineers' "cyberpunk-chic" poster campaign is in full effect even in this spire. You've gotta wonder why they so like the aesthetic of leaving old, discolored peeling posters up in the less public areas.

Oh, hey, the 'bot in that poster on the left looks a heck of a lot like Susan. It's probably not her, so who is it? Or is it just an advert for Serpen-form synthmetal 'bot shells?

Is this amount of trash left here normal? You'd figure there'd be a cleaning 'bot along regularly to clear the rubbish away. What's the schedule on it?

There's a green light in that left vent up there. Might be a small 'bot, drone or camera. Ask PAC to send the forensic drone up to get a closer look, but make sure to step out of sight of the vent first. You don't want who or whatever is up there to see it and possibly flee back into the vents. Have PAC send the drone on a route that keeps it out of sight of the vent.

You assume that there isn't a video record of the illegal exchange in here, but what about the routes leading in and out of the warehouse? Can PAC get video tracking the masked individual to at least the blind spot where they presumably ditched their mask?

While it's still fresh in your memories the both of you should recount in detail everything that happened while you were in the Sol Corp offices to PAC so it can integrate that info into its case analysis. That is unless there's yet another annoying legal reason preventing you or you can think of a good reason to omit some things from PACs' knowledge.

When you saw the video of the K55P 'bot hitting SMA13 and hiding the envelope, did it put the metal piece back over the envelope or not? 'Cause if it didn't actually take the piece away then that leaves how it got to the tram roof still in question.

>I can’t really see how it will help… I mean, it just a piece of plastic and a paper…
Determining the type of plastic could tell us what things are commonly made with that kind of plastic, narrowing the field down somewhat. ...Hm... Was Tr'ak's BTL rental card gray plastic? Probably not since the plastic fragment seems to have been torn off easily, which means it's real thin and plastic cards almost always aren't that thin.

You've gotta wonder why the number of ARC units Sol Corp has produced was so much of a company secret that Nero clammed up as soon as he spilled it. So, think... S.C. almost certainly wouldn't build that many unless they already had a buyer, buyers, or they were going to use them internally. Is there anything PAC can dig up to make a guess as to which of them it is and who might be the buyers.

Also, Sol Co. would be bound to a contract which would almost certainly have a provision that the ARC units have a SAI-emergence detection system that could detect them to a high degree; PAC can check what the percentage requirement is usually for combat AIs. But the important part is that SMA13 becoming a SAI without detection may put Sol Corp's ARC unit contract in jeopardy. That info getting out before they make delivery could torpedo the contract, leaving S.C. holding a bunch of very expensive ARC units they can't sell 'cause of the risk of SAI emergence.

LEX also mentioned that the when a AI becomes a SAI that the odds of other AIs around it also becoming SAIs is greater, but by how much? Ask PAC that. It might be that Sol Corp. is worrying that since SMA13 became a SAI that there may be a few other ARC units that did as well and are hiding it. Of course they'd have to know SMA13 is a SAI already and have not acted on it, so this is unlikely... Unless Eli knew and stopped action on it.

Ask PAC to look up what CEO Eli's position is on SAIs. She's probably pro- since she chose you 'cause you showed compassion to the K55P, but you can't be certain. What's her history when non-freed SAIs under her have died?

You've also gotta wonder who the heck was granting you two clearance to see what you saw and go where you went in the Sol Corp offices; Especially speaking with SMA13. It had to have been someone high up so... The head of the ARC project? The division head of R&D? ...Eli? It was probably Eli, or at least under her orders. Can PAC find out what positions in Sol Corp would have the authority to grant you and Pallavi the access you got. Will LEX share with PAC who granted you two access or will it just yell "DENIED" in PAC's proverbial face?

And didn't it feel rather suspicious that you two were granted such access? You can't help but feel that you were in order to do... Something that Sol Co. couldn't do internally. You just can't place what.

...Now that you think about it, you didn't get Officer Pallavi's first name. Better ask her what it is so you don't have to be so formal in addressing her. Oh, and it's getting close to lunch, isn't it? Maybe ask her to suggest a place to eat? Preferably something from human culture since you technically haven't had one of their meals yet, just a snack in that chocolate.
>>
No. 639370 ID: 7aa8c3

If "sleep" means non-sentience then it could mean that AIs that become sentient still remember all that has happened to them before becoming sentient. And for all we know all advanced AI slowly, incredibly slowly, become sentient naturally and the bug just speeds up the process. The more advanced the AI the quicker it gains sentience?
>>
No. 639417 ID: 65a774
File 143127690453.png - (22.64KB , 900x450 , 49.png )
639417

>...Now that you think about it, you didn't get Officer Pallavi's first name. Better ask her what it is so you don't have to be so formal in addressing her.
:PallaviDREAM: Pallavi is my first name. I’m Pallavi Bali.
>Oh, and it's getting close to lunch, isn't it? Maybe ask her to suggest a place to eat?
:PallaviDREAM: Geez, I know your kind loves to eat, but it’s still a few hours before lunch!
:JourneyDREAM: I just wanted to be prepared.
:PallaviDREAM: Well… I do know this really great place that serves Asian Commonwealth food.
:JourneyDREAM: Asin what now?
:PallaviDREAM: It’s a human country… or it was before our old capital planet went boom.

>Please do not report this, PAC.
:PACDREAM: As you wish.
>You see that the station engineers' "cyberpunk-chic" poster campaign is in full effect.
:PACDREAM: Actually, those posters seems to be put up by private citizen.
:JourneyDREAM: Wait, isn’t this warehouse off limits?
:PACDREAM: Technically, yes… but you saw what kind of security this place has.
:PallaviDREAM: A chain fence with a door that wasn’t even locked.
:PACDREAM: This area is very popular with teenagers and the like… and the owners doesn’t really care as there aren’t really a lot of thefts here. It’s hard to either steal or break into one of these containers. That’s why this area doesn’t have any video surveillance.
:JourneyDREAM: Because the owners are cheap, right…
>You assume that there isn't a video record of the illegal exchange in here, but what about the routes leading in and out of the warehouse?
:PACDREAM: Actually, that is the odd thing. We can’t find anyone who was in here while the seller was here. At least, not in this locale.

>When you saw the video of the K55P 'bot hitting SMA13 and hiding the envelope, did it put the metal piece back over the envelope or not?
You quite clearly saw it leaving the “wound” exposed.
>Determining the type of plastic could tell us what things are commonly made with that kind of plastic, narrowing the field down somewhat.
:PACDREAM: Analyze completed. This kind of plastic is usually used in… plastic bags and gloves.
>You've gotta wonder why the number of ARC units Sol Corp has produced was so much of a company secret that Nero clammed up as soon as he spilled it.
:PACDREAM: I am sorry, but I can’t allow you to continue following that trail, ma’am.
>PAC can check what the percentage requirement is usually for combat AIs.
:PACDREAM: The same percentage that all AIs have, the only difference is that they will have automatic systems that fries them instead of sending for help.
>LEX also mentioned that the when an AI becomes a SAI that the odds of other AIs around it also becoming SAIs is greater, but by how much?
:PACDREAM: Sadly, we don’t have exact numbers, but the it’s not very uncommon that two or three SAIs wake up at the same time.
>Ask PAC to look up what CEO Eli's position is on SAIs.
:PACDREAM: Officially she is neutral on the subject. Unofficially… she donated over four million credits to pro-SAI group the last year alone.

>It's possible the statement is meant to say "I was sentient since creation," as in, they were never a non-sentient AI.
:PACDREAM: Creating an AI that is already sentient is-
:JourneyDREAM: yeah, yeah, it’s impossible and stuff… I’ve heard that before.
>If "sleep" means non-sentience then it could mean that AIs that become sentient still remember all that has happened to them before becoming sentient.
:PACDREAM: Only if they have a memory unit that is actively recording their actions.
>The more advanced the AI the quicker it gains sentience?
:PACDREAM: …it’s possible, but there’s no proof for that.

>Is this amount of trash left here normal?
:PACDREAM: As I stated, this area is popular with teenagers and the like. But there’s supposed to be a cleaning bot doing a sweep here a few hours after someone leaves.
>What are those blue and white containers? Beer?
:PallaviDREAM: Urk, it’s one of those cheap, disgusting beer brands…
>Aside from Scrumball and ducks, what are those posters advertising?
It’s mostly irrelevant stuff, but you can see both anti-SAI and Pro-SAI poster among them. Both of which seems rather new.
>Oh, hey, the 'bot in that poster on the left looks a heck of a lot like Susan.
It does, doesn’t it? You have no idea who it really is tough, but you’re sure it isn’t Susan.
>I know there's a lot of litter here, but is that a battery or something lying there, in front of that first dumpster?
:PallaviDREAM: Hey, is this… some kind of ID card? Hmm, it seems to be that someone who works at this warehouse dropped it… let’s see… Mr. Eriksson… Human male… no picture, though.
>Do vents normally have something that glows or glimmers in a green color, or does that leftmost vent potentially have something in it?
:PACDREAM: Sending retrieval drone…
:JourneyDREAM: Make sure it doesn’t see you coming.
:PACDREAM: …interesting. It seems to be a small camera… and it’s currently recording.
:PallaviDREAM: Huh? So someone is recording us?
:PACDREAM: …but it’s not storing the data locally nor is it sent anywhere… it seems like it’s recording without a “tape”.

>a circular orange thing behind that shipping container…
:PallaviDREAM: Hey, there’s a guy here… human guy… a drunk?
:JourneyDREAM: Is he alright?
:PallaviDREAM: He probably just had too much to drink yesterday… geez, he stinks of alcohol!
:PACDREAM: One moment… he’s unconscious, but otherwise he seems… fine… wait, that is odd. He doesn’t have any alcohol in his system nor has his augmentations been processing any alcohol in a long time.
:JourneyDREAM: …then why is he sleeping in a warehouse surrounded by cheap booze and smelling of it too?
:PallaviDREAM: That’s a very good question…

>Sure, we can contact Susan and Cib. Cib is more interested in his SAI roots, so I'd say contact him, first.
:PACDREAM: Contacting Cib…
… … …*BEEP*BEEP*… … …
:SYSDREAM: We are sorry, but the person you’re trying to contact is not currently available.
:JourneyDREAM: (Huh, that’s odd… I guess I’ll just call Susan then.)
… … … *BE-
:SusanDREAM: Oh, hello Jo. What’s up? I’m glad you called…
:JourneyDREAM: Hello, Susan. I have some quick questions for you, if you don’t mind? It’s about some SAI lingo.
:SusanDREAM: Err… ask away?
:JourneyDREAM: What does “dream” and “marked” means?
:SusanDREAM: Well… let’s see… dream is… um…see, when a AI gain sentience, it starts to dream… so… um… that’s one of the major changes really and… you know, kind of important and symbolic and stuff… geez, brother is so much better explaining stuff like this. What was the other thing you mentioned? Marked?
:JourneyDREAM: yes.
:SusanDREAM: Um… it’s… you see, when… err… it’s kind of… a… um… how do you say… a mark of trust?
:JourneyDREAM: …that doesn’t really explain it…
:SusanDREAM: Err… it’s kind of hard too… um…
:JourneyDREAM: I guess I have to talk with Cib instead… where is it anyway?
:SusanDREAM: OH! That’s what I wanted to talk to you about! Have you seen him!?
:JourneYDREAM: Err… no?
:SusanDREAM: …drat… It’s just… big bro didn’t come home last night… and I can’t contact him either.
:JourneyDREAM: …wait, what?
>>
No. 639456 ID: 9ddf68

> big bro didn't come home last night… and I can’t contact him either.
Fucking damnit! can we call someone back at HQ and ask if they have seen anything or can look into it. Or at the very least check cameras at and around the bar CIB works in to see when he left and if he want anywhere other then the direction of his home?

Also poke sleepy back there and see what his deal is and who he is, he just reeks of suspicion. Or at the very least we should probably escort him out of here or if he works here get him up so he can do his job.

How long do we have until that meeting anyways?
>>
No. 639471 ID: ea0ad9

>…then why is he sleeping in a warehouse surrounded by cheap booze and smelling of it too?
With all of the cans of cheap booze lying around, some probably ended up dumped on him or something.
>Mr. Eriksson… Human male… no picture, though.
...Does the unconscious man fit this Eriksson on record?

I'm guessing the green thing behind Pallavi is just another poster, but still, being the only one hung diagonally makes it stand out.
>>
No. 639486 ID: 334db2

> plastic bags and gloves.
so I guess a janitor took it?
>He doesn’t have any alcohol in his system nor has his augmentations been processing any alcohol in a long time.
Wake him up. Has he been drugged? Does that ID belong to him?
>Err… it’s kind of hard too… um…
Okay, do you know what 'we did not wake up from a dreamless sleep' could possibly mean?
>big bro didn’t come home last night… and I can’t contact him either.
Crap. Okay, have you already contacted missing persons? Has his work said anything?
>>
No. 639508 ID: 04e33b

>>639417
The pipe above the alley changed.

If the man isn't unconscious due to alcohol... it could be due to injury or drugs. Try to wake him up and ask him what he's doing here, if he saw anything suspicious lately, get his name and check his ID...
>>
No. 639656 ID: 8d99f5

So marked is like the opposite of blacklisted for SAIs, like a marker telling other SAIs that that person is a friend to SAIs and can be trusted.

>Cib missing
Oh_oh.jpg
>>
No. 639697 ID: 65a774
File 143136440557.png - (23.39KB , 900x450 , 50.png )
639697

>Can we call someone back at HQ and ask if they have seen anything or can look into Cibs disappearing?
:PACDREAM: A missing person report has been filed. It will take about fifteen minutes to half an hour before someone is ready to start tracking it down.
:JourneyDREAM: Huh… so, Susan, has Cib’s work called or anything?
:SusanDREAM: Err… yeah, they called and asked where he was. Apparently he never went to work today.
:JourneyDREAM: That’s… troubling. Has it ever done this before? Just disappearing?
:SusanDREAM: No, big bro has gotten home late at times, but he’s never just disappeared like this.
:JourneyDREAM: Then we’ll do our best to find it, Susan.
:SusanDREAM: Thank you!

:JourneyDREAM: Oh, and another thing. Do you know what 'we did not wake up from a dreamless sleep' means?
:SusanDREAM: Err… isn’t that the opposite of gaining sentience or something? I mean, waking up is what sentience is, right?
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… and marked? Do you mean it’s like a marker that’s telling other SAI’s that the person is a friend to SAIs?
:SusanDREAM: Y-yeah, pretty much… just… don’t go around telling everyone that, alright?
:JourneyDREAM: Right.

>How long do we have until that meeting anyways?
It’s barely been fifteen minutes since you booked that appointment.
>With all of the cans of cheap booze lying around, some probably ended up dumped on him or something.
:PallaviDREAM: I guess? …or it’s a conspiracy!
:JourneyDREAM: …a what?
:PallaviDREAM: The evil shadow council wants us to believe he’s been drinking! That’s why they knocked him unconscious and dumped booze on him!
:JourneyDREAM: …of course, the shadow council did it…
>...Does the unconscious man fit this Eriksson on record?
:PACDREAM: Indeed he does.
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… I’m pretty sure I’ve seen this guy before…
:PACDREAM: He lives in your spire… and we did talk about him a few days ago.
:JourneyDREAM: …we did? Oh, right, the guy who fell down the stairs and broke his arm! Right! It’s that guy!
>Has he been drugged?
:PACDREAM: I can’t find any illegal substances in his system.
:PallaviDREAM: How about legal ones?
:PACDREAM: Only pain killers, nothing else.

:JourneyDREAM: Drugs or not, he’s suspicious. Let’s wake him up and see what he has to say.
:UnknownKAK: Nhhgt… huh? Where… wha-?
:JourneyDREAM: Wake up, Mr. Eriksson, wake up and smell the booze…
:UnknownKAK: The wh… err… who… wha…
:PallaviDREAM: We’re peacekeepers… and we found you snoozing in a pile of beer cans.
:UnknownKAK: Beer cans? But I don’t drink… oh no, I’ve been sleeping on the job! They’ll fire me! OH NO! SHE’LL KILL ME!
:PallaviDREAM: Who?
:UnknownKAK: Huh? Wha- No, I meant… err… I… I don’t… drink?
:JourneyDREAM: We didn’t find any alcohol in your system, don’t worry. Now, can you tell me why you were sleeping here?
:UnknownKAK: Well… I… I… I can’t… remember? Ugh… my head…
:PallaviDREAM: Can’t remember?
:UnknownKAK: I… I remember going down here to do something and… someone… ow…
:PACDREAM: …Officers, this man is showing clear sight of being the victim of a memory scrambler.
:JourneyDREAM: Memory scrambler? Aren’t those things illegal?
:PallaviDREAM: Yeah, aren’t they classified as lethal weapons or something?
:PACDREAM: Only the ones that are really powerful. The one used in this case was probably still illegal without a special permit, and even then it’s illegal using it like this.
:UnknownKAK: W-why does my head hurt every time I try to… to…
:JourneyDREAM: Sir, some of your short term memories has been forcibly removed. Please stop trying to remember thing that happened recently or you might hurt yourself.
:UnknownKAK: …what!? Someone removed my memories!? Who would… why?
:PallaviDREAM: That’s a good question.
>>
No. 639711 ID: ea0ad9

>…what!? Someone removed my memories!? Who would… why?
My guess is you're a witness to what we're investigating.
>Beer cans? But I don’t drink… oh no, I’ve been sleeping on the job! They’ll fire me! OH NO! SHE’LL KILL ME!
>Huh? Wha- No, I meant… err… I… I don’t… drink?
...Since you refuse to tell us about it, I'll just have to assume you're speaking metaphorically, and it's more along the lines of being driven apart?
>…Officers, this man is showing clear sight of being the victim of a memory scrambler.
We will, however, be investigating the scrambled memories.

What do we know about Memory Scramblers, even lower grade ones? Is there a way we can track them, either by some sort of, like, a residue it left behind, or even just transaction logs leading to who all purchased any?
>>
No. 639714 ID: 334db2

>The evil shadow council wants us to believe he’s been drinking! That’s why they knocked him unconscious and dumped booze on him!
maaaybe not a shadow counsel, but that makes sense. If we hadn't shown up with our fancy sensors, that's exactly what everyone would have believed.
>memory scrambler.
What the hell is that? Who could have access to one of those, and who would have the subtlety to use it?
>Someone removed my memories!? Who would… why?
He must have seen something. Is there a way to get information from him without causing him harm, or do we need to wait, or is this a dead end? Can we ask him if something specific was the reason he came down here? In the meantime ask him to sit down or something, he looks like hell.
>>
No. 639726 ID: 9ddf68

can we check into this guys finical records within the last few days? He could have had his credit card or something stolen. Also ask him to check his pockets to make sure he still has everything on him. My guess is that he either walked in on something he wasn't meant to see or someone knocked him out to mug him, either for cash or his identity.
>>
No. 639803 ID: 825af6

Ask PAC to check the camera recordings from the halls leading into the warehouse from the time period Mr. Eriksson's shift started until now and see if whoever zapped his memories away shows up. Also ask PAC to look over the footage for the last week and determine whether or not everyone that entered left. Perhaps there will be unaccounted for exits or entrances.

Also ask PAC to do a forensic scan on the beer cans. It probably took Mr. Eriksson's assailant more than one can to get him smelling this strongly of booze, so the cans with matching fingerprints or other trace biologicals will likely be the ones the assailant handled. They also probably would not have traces of saliva on the openings like a can that was drunk from would have... Unless the assailant used cans that were left behind and had just dregs in them. But would just dregs be enough to get Mr. Eriksson smelling this strongly of alcohol? Can PAC give you an estimate of how much beer would have had to be poured on Mr. Eriksson to make him smell as strong as he is?

Ask Mr. Eriksson what his job is here. Return his work ID if PAC has finished doing a thorough forensic scan on it. Also ask him to check his pockets and wallet to see if anything is missing. And also ask to check his comm implant to see if he sent any messages or tried to during his "lost time." Oh, and is his ID a clip-on type or a card he'd carry in his wallet?

Show the camera you recovered to Mr. Eriksson and ask if he recognizes it. If not then tell him you found it up in the air vent. Also contact the warehouse owner or the warehouse manager and ask them about the camera.

Was the camera a type that accepts removable storage or was it one that only transmits to a remote receiver? If it's the kind that transmits, what is its range and can it be remotely toggled to transmit? Oh, can PAC get a read on how much charge is left in its battery? If it can then it's possible to estimate how long the camera was up there based on its power draw.

Ask Mr. Eriksson if he knows of any other ways into and out of this warehouse then the main one to the public corridor and the freight tram entrance they presumably have. Ones that don't have camera coverage, that is. There any maintenance accesses? You see there's a number of what appear to be rather large air vents, so air ducts? Could someone get in here by hiding inside a freight container? You're just trying to figure out how the buyer of the stolen drone got in and out of here without showing up on the surrounding cameras.

Ask him who has access to unlock these freight containers. Usually it's the container owner and whoever is supposed to receive the container are the only ones that have the keys in order to protect against theft en route. It might be that who we're looking for owns one of the containers in here and is using it to hide or as a base of operations.

>OH NO! SHE’LL KILL ME!
That sounded real sincere, didn't it? And he has a history of injuries from "clumsiness." And you just now remember you overheard him two days ago talking to Aelia when you stepped out of the tram station. He said he got that eye injury from "walking right into a door," but with the kind of doors on the station that'd be nigh-impossible, wouldn't it? It definitely feels like there's something off here with him. Maybe he's getting these injuries doing something illicit? Or maybe somebody is harming him and he's afraid to go to the Peacekeepers? Perhaps domestic abuse? Open a comm channel to Pallavi, run all this by her and ask what she thinks.

Ask PAC if there have been any recent reports of either illegal memory scrambler use or people exhibiting symptoms that could have been caused by a memory scrambler. Then ask if there's been any reports of a permitted memory scrambler having been stolen or going missing in the past few months where the device was not recovered.

Also ask PAC how hard it would be to smuggle a low-power memory scrambler onto New Horizon, either whole or in parts. Likewise, how hard would it be to manufacture one on-station?

>The one used in this case was probably still illegal without a special permit, and even then it’s illegal using it like this.
So just who could get a permit to use a memory scrambler and in what ways can they be used legally?

It looks like there may be something gray colored in one of the lift slots of the third shipping container up the stack Pallavi is next to. Better send your drone up to check it out.

Did we get a description of the mask the stolen drone buyer was wearing? The appearance may be a clue, but even if it isn't then knowing what it looks like would at least mean you could ID it if you ran across it.
>>
No. 639807 ID: 5319a0

>>639697
Ask about his new injury. I'm going to hazard a guess and say he is in some sort of relationship- either business or personal- with a SAI who gets aggressive with him and he's either afraid of her or trying to keep her out of trouble.

Tell him either he gives you the full story now or you'll have to take him down to the station.

P.S. "did not wake up from a dreamless sleep" could also refer to the fact that SAM was dreaming before he was turned on to talk to you. As in, he was telling you directly that he's a SAI and not a regular robot, which is kindof pointless since we knew that already.
>>
No. 639828 ID: df6309

Mess with your partner, "god damned shadow councils, I'm so sick of dealing with shadow councils, almost as much as I'm sick of dealing with time travelers, so bloody inconsiderate, and don't even get me started on ancient artifacts of doom".
>>
No. 639881 ID: 65a774
File 143145214745.png - (23.31KB , 900x450 , 51.png )
639881

>What do we know about Memory Scramblers, even lower grade ones?
Hmm, you know that they are illegal and that low grades ones are generally more popular then guns among criminals, as it’s easier to get ahold of them. There’s no real way of tracking them either.
>Is there a way to get information from him without causing him harm, or do we need to wait, or is this a dead end?
:PACDREAM: The memory removed is lost forever, but the memory around it is just a bit… wobbly.
>Ask PAC if there have been any recent reports of either illegal memory scrambler use or people exhibiting symptoms that could have been caused by a memory scrambler.
:PACDREAM: About four weeks ago, there was a robbery where the culprit used a stolen memory scrambler… there are also some other cases this last year alone.
>Also ask PAC how hard it would be to smuggle a low-power memory scrambler onto New Horizon, either whole or in parts.
:PACDREAM: A whole one would be hard, but parts would be easy, as none of them are technically illegal.

>Mess with your partner
:JourneyDREAM: Damn that shadow council! I’m so sick with dealing with their thousands yearlong conspires and their vile plans! Almost as much as dealing with time travelers and ancient artifacts of doom!
:PallaviDREAM: You forgot to mention that the current political party is in on the whole thing and there’s things in the food and water! Evil things!
>It looks like there may be something gray colored in one of the lift slots of the third shipping container up the stack Pallavi is next to.
:PALDREAM: Let me see… it seems to be some kind of external storage? I can’t access it here at the moment but it seems to have been used for something.

:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… Mr. Eriksson, was it?
:UnknownKAK: Err… yes?
:JourneyDREAM: I’m going to guess that you witnessed something you shouldn’t have.
:UnknownKAK: I did?
:JourneyDREAM: Indeed… they did remove your memories for a reason…
:PallaviDREAM: Not to mention drenching you in alcohol…
:JourneyDREAM: If we didn’t have the right tools we to would believe you were just some drunk. So, I need to ask you a few questions.
:UnknownKAK: O-of course…

:JourneyDREAM: First off, you work here, right? What do you do here?
:UnknownKAK: Um… I do a lot of stuff… mostly making sure everything is ending up in the right hands and that the people hiring containers can access them.
:JourneyDREAM: Hiring them?
:UnknownKAK: Yeah, this warehouse also houses containers you can hire to store things in. Those things are way too expensive for the average joe, after all.
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… here, we found your ID card.
:UnknownKAK: Oh, thank you! It must have fallen off its clip-on.
:JourneyDREAM: Now, why were you down here specifically?
:UnknownKAK: I… err… I…ow… I can’t…
:PallaviDREAM: Hey, take it easy. Right, you can’t remember… maybe you got something that will jog your memories in your pockets? Like a post it note or something?
:UnknownKAK: Oh, let me check… wait… wait, where is…
:JourneyDREAM: You’re missing something?
:UnknownKAK: Yeah, I got this special card. It’s like a master key.
:JourneyDREAM: It can open all the containers!?
:UnknownKAK: Not right now. It needs to be imprinted with a special code down in the office for opening a container. I… I think I had imprinted it for a specific container but… ow… anyway, these things are almost impossible to open without the right code and cards… which means I’m here if the costumer loose either of those.

:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… are you missing anything else?
:UnknownKAK: I don’t think so… The only things I got on me was my ID, that card and… here, my organizer!
:PallaviDREAM: Oh, check if you wrote down why you came down here.
:UnknownKAK: Right… I… um… let’s see… I came down here because a customer had problem opening his rented container… a…trak… err…
:JourneyDREAM: Tr’ak’qur’ka?
:PACDREAM: She means Tr’ak’kq’urk.
:UnknownKAK: Err… what the robot said… I think… I was supposed to meet him… ten minutes ago?
:PallaviDREAM: …wait, isn’t he… err…
:JourneyDREAM: Indeed, that’s interesting… another thing… is there any other ways to get in here but the main entrance?
:UnknownKAK: Well, there’s the cargo bay… but that’s under heavy lock and surveillance… and you can get here through the office… but there’s a lot of people in there all the time.
:JourneyDREAM: Surveillance?
:UnknownKAK: Yeah, the cargo door and the… um… expensive section is under constant surveillance.
:JourneyDREAM: Like with a camera like this?
:UNknownKAK: Err… no, that thing is way too small. If we’re to follow regulations then the cameras got to be really big and visible. You can’t miss them.

>Was the camera a type that accepts removable storage or was it one that only transmits to a remote receiver?
:PACDREAM: It can do both, depending what it was hocked up too. Hmm… it seems to have been recording for days, too…
>Ask PAC to check the camera recordings from the halls leading into the warehouse from the time period Mr. Eriksson's shift started until now and see if whoever zapped his memories away shows up.
:PACDREAM: I’ll see what I can find.
>Also ask PAC to do a forensic scan on the beer cans.
:PACDREAM: There are no fingerprints nor DNA on them.

>That sounded real sincere, didn't it? And he has a history of injuries from "clumsiness." Open a comm channel to Pallavi, run all this by her and ask what she thinks.
:PallaviDREAM: (Walked into a door? Fell down a flight of stairs? Yeah, he’s not even trying. It’s clearly he’s trying to hide something… and his “she’s going to kill me” outburst points to a woman.)
:JourneyDREAM: …can I ask you about your injuries?
:UnknownKAK: Err… I… I fell from a ladder.
:JourneyDREAM: …that’s odd, I was told you fell down a some stairs?
:UnknownKAK: … …yes, I… I meant stairs… I… just… um… stairs, yes…
:JourneyDREAM: …You’re clearly trying to hide something.
:UnknownKAK: Nono, I… No… I… I fell down a flight of stairs, yes.
:JourneyDREAM: …If you don’t tell me the truth I will have no choice but to take you down to the station.
:UnknownKAK: I’m telling the truth?
:PallaviDREAM: So… it’s not your wife w-
:UnknownKAK: HOW DARE YOU EVEN SUGGEST THAT MY PERFECT LILY BLOSSEM WOULD DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS!!?
:PallaviDREAM: Well, I think I hit a nerve.

:PACDREAM: I found something interesting. There was an Uredo in full body suit who came here about fifteen minutes ago and it haven’t left yet.
>>
No. 639900 ID: 334db2

Something just moved in that Shipping container up top. Ready your weapons & call some backup. confirm with Mr. Eriksson that it's Tr'ak's storage unit before moving in, we don't want to scare the crap out of some bystander.
>>
No. 639905 ID: 9ddf68

Look, mister...
I'm just worried about you seeing as every time I see you something else seems to be broken. If you actually need help, please, PLEASE contact us. As a peace keeper and as a person I really don't like seeing people get hurt, especially those who don't deserve it. Now do you need help getting back to the office or home or are you ok enough to do it without help?

Either way if he agrees to have someone walk him back just split up and keep in constant radio contact. We do need to see who that one Uredo is and what he's doing here.
>>
No. 639988 ID: ea0ad9

>There are no fingerprints nor DNA on them.
That's more suspicious than if there were some! Somebody had to have brought these things in, and random teenagers wouldn't be covering up their prints, nor sterilizing traces of their DNA.
>>
No. 640028 ID: 50cce1

>>639900
You're seeing the absence of the grey thing we just picked up.

>>639881
Sounds like the Uredo is the culprit. Can we go see Tr'Ak's storage container, and open it?
>>
No. 640091 ID: 825af6

Yep, his outburst practically screams "spousal abuse victim." Though with the aggression inhibitors most everyone on New Horizon has, you'd figure such cases would be nearly non-existent. Perhaps it's one of those rare cases of a aggressive person who also has a malfunctioning implant.

He's not going to be cooperative in this state, so apologize for your partner making such a suggestion. Though do ask him after why he responded so intensely to what she said.

Open a conference call with PAC and Pallavi and ask what we can legally do about Mr. Eriksson's situation. Do we have enough to call for an investigation into possible spousal abuse, or failing that at least enough for a general investigation into who's harming him? You just don't want to leave him be since the next part that's broken could very well end up being his neck.

Ask PAC to check Tr'ak's financial records and communications to both confirm that he dealt with this warehouse company and determine if he rented storage space anywhere else on New Horizon. Also ask if a key-card such as the ones used for these storage containers was among Tr'ak's belongings. Oh, and did he own a car? 'Cause if he did there might have been some evidence left in it.

You should have enough reason now to request a warrant be issued to the warehouse company for all of their records pertaining to Tr'ak. You want to know when he started renting the storage container and if they have logs of when the container was opened. If they do have logs then PAC can use the times and dates from them to review the entrance camera footage to determine if Tr'ak, the K55P or somebody else came down here.

>Let me see… it seems to be some kind of external storage? I can’t access it here at the moment but it seems to have been used for something.
Is it both battery powered and has a radio transceiver that could communicate with the one in the camera? 'Cause if it does then it could be where the video from that camera was being stored. What's the reason that PAC can't access it here and now? It's encrypted? It's out of power? Or is it we have to follow computer forensics protocol and pull the drive, make a low-level duplicate image of it and work from the dupe, just in case of counter measures that would destroy the data?

>anyway, these things are almost impossible to open without the right code and cards… which means I’m here if the costumer loose either of those.
Ask Mr. Eriksson what is needed to call him down to open a container. Does somebody just have to give the container renter's name or do they have to answer a secret question correctly or what?

>There are no fingerprints nor DNA on them.
>There was an Uredo in full body suit who came here about fifteen minutes ago and it haven’t left yet.
Confirm with PAC that a Uredo wearing a suit such as that would not leave any biological evidence if it had handled those beer cans. If so then you can say it's probable that that Uredo was the one who used the memory scrambler on Mr. Eriksson and dumped beer on him afterwards. That'd also mean the Uredo most likely would have brought a six-pack of beer in here with it. Ask PAC if the cameras showed that the Uredo carried in a six-pack or a container big enough to contain one.

You're going to be going after that Uredo, so you'll want Mr. Eriksson safely out of the way. Not only don't you want him risking being hurt, you don't want the chance of the Uredo grabbing him as a hostage. Ask Mr. Eriksson where Tr'ak's storage container is and then tell him to head back to the warehouse office for now.

Once Mr. Eriksson is clear, ask PAC to close the office door and silently lock it and the freight door to cut off the Uredo's possible exit routes. The main entrance not having a lockable door is going to be a problem, but maybe PAC could close off doors farther back along the public corridor. That'd be excellent if it could since if the Uredo tried to flee that way it'd be trapped in a corridor between a locked door and you two.

Deploy the drones from both of your suits so PAC can use them to scout ahead and around corners as you search the place for the Uredo. Since you don't know whether this Uredo has protection in its suit from PK stun batons or sleeper guns you should approach it with caution. When you do find it don't have your weapons out at first. Try to approach close enough that you can get a forensic scan on it for fresh traces of beer on its suit. If there are that'll tell you for sure it's the culprit.

If it has beer on it or it tries to make a run for it, pull your stun baton and chuck it like you did against those Deus Machina goons. If that doesn't knock 'em down then Pallavi can open up with the sleeper gun. And if that doesn't work, then you can borrow her stun baton and flip it to a higher setting, then chuck it. And if that doesn't work, there's always hurling something hard enough to stun, then tackling.

You're pretty sure that your suit has shielding against memory scramblers, sleeper guns and suchlike, but double-check with PAC that it does and how protective it is.

>>639900
That would be the external data storage unit we just retrieved from up there. There's no need to draw weapons or call for backup over this.

>>639988
Yes, it would be very suspicious if not for the Uredo wearing a (presumably sealed) full body suit who hasn't left the warehouse and who's probably Mr. Eriksson's assailant. Such a suit would keep it from leaving any trace evidence on the cans.
>>
No. 640141 ID: 825af6

>>640091
Oh, and also do a forensic scan of the camera and external data storage unit.
>>
No. 640181 ID: 65a774
File 143154362829.png - (19.62KB , 900x450 , 52.png )
640181

>With the aggression inhibitors most everyone on New Horizon has, you'd figure such cases would be nearly non-existent.
:PACDREAM: Physical abuse is not very common, but it still exist. Sadly, those mods only lower aggression and people can still hit each other out of other reasons.
>Open a conference call with PAC and Pallavi and ask what we can legally do about Mr. Eriksson's situation.
:PACDREAM: I do believe we should have enough for a surprise visit to his apartment, if you wish.

:JourneyDREAM: I apologize for my partners suggestion, it was… uncalled for.
:UnknownKAK: S-she would never hurt me!
:JourneyDREAM: Still… I have to wonder why you responded with such… vigor?
:UnknownKAK: How would you feel if someone suggested that your loved one was a bad person?
:PallaviDREAM: Well, that’s true… sorry…
:JourneyDREAM: Still… I’m a bit worried for you. Every time I see you something else is broken.
:UnknownKAK: I’m just clumsy!
:JourneyDREAM: Then be more careful! Next time you might break something vital.
:UnknownKAK: I am careful, dammit!
:JourneyDREAM: And… if you ever need any help, please contact us. We are here to aid you in any way we can.
:UnknownKAK:
:JourneyDREAM: Now, do you need help getting back to the office or do you want to go home?
:UnknownKAK: I… I’m fine, really… just a bit groggy. Don’t worry about me.

>Ask PAC to check Tr'ak's financial records and communications to both confirm that he dealt with this warehouse company and determine if he rented storage space anywhere else on New Horizon.
:PACDREAM: It seems like he rented a container about a month ago. I’ve downloaded all the data I can from the warehouse company too, but it doesn’t really tell me much. He rented a smaller, cheaper one for a moth time, but it doesn’t say why.
>ask if a key-card such as the ones used for these storage containers was among Tr'ak's belongings.
:PACDREAM: No, we didn’t find a key card.
>External storage?
:PACDREAM: Its battery driven and can receive data from another source. It’s probably where the camera footage was recorded.
>What's the reason that PAC can't access it here and now?
:PACDREAM: It’s both out of battery, I don’t have the tools necessary to access that thing and it’s not regular protocol to access one just like that.
>also do a forensic scan of the camera and external data storage unit.
:PACDREAM: …I found some finger prints on the storage unit. Interesting enough it’s a perfect match with the culprit we caught who sold the drone.
:PallaviDREAM: Ah, so she recorded it to blackmail the buyer? Nifty.
>Confirm with PAC that an Uredo wearing a suit such as that would not leave any biological evidence if it had handled those beer cans.
:PACDREAM: Of course not.

>Ask Mr. Eriksson what is needed to call him down to open a container.
:UnknownKAK: Err… well… I need a name, ID and the container number, then depending if their missing their card or forgotten their passcode I ask for the opposite. If they have neither I got a special question to ask them. Then I’m supposed to meet the customer, ID then properly before activating the card so I can open their container.
:PallaviDREAM: Wait, so the card doesn’t work currently?
:UnknownKAK: It isn’t activated, no.
:JourneyDREAM: Then the card is currently useless! Sweet. Can you direct us to Tr’aks container?
:UnknownKAK: It’s MA136. Just follow the main passage.
:PallaviDREAM: Thank you, you’ve been a lot of help.

>Ask PAC to close the office door and silently lock it and the freight door to cut off the Uredo's possible exit routes.
:PACDREAM: Closing doors… while I’m capable to cutting off all routes that leads back to the public parts of the station, there are still some doors to other businesses around here that are still unlocked. If it runs, it’s possible it will go through one of those instead.
:JourneyDREAM: Well, so much for this being easy…
>Deploy the drones from both of your suits so PAC can use them to scout ahead and around corners as you search the place for the Uredo.
:PACDREAM: I can’t use those drones in that way. They are built for retrieving items close by, not scouting.
>Since you don't know whether this Uredo has protection in its suit from PK stun batons or sleeper guns you should approach it with caution.
:PACDREAM: A suit like that is definitely protected against a sleeper gun, but the stun batons will still work.
:JourneyDREAM: Dammit, why is everything immune against the gun!?
:PallaviDREAM: That’s non-lethal weapons for you.
>You're pretty sure that your suit has shielding against memory scramblers, sleeper guns and suchlike, but double-check with PAC that it does and how protective it is.
:PACDREAM: Memory scramblers and sleeper guns will not be a problem. Stun rods and shock rifle on the other hand…

:PACDREAM: …oh, and that’s Tr’aks container. The one in the middle.
:PallaviDREAM: …the one with a giant hologram in front of it?
:PACDREAM: …yes…
:PallaviDREAM: But no Uredo in sight… are you sure he didn’t see us coming…
:JourneyDREAM: I don’t think he would, no…
>>
No. 640227 ID: 334db2

Pac, please tell me we're able to enter this thing, both legally and physically. If not, we'll prepare an ambush; otherwise let's go in.
>>
No. 640249 ID: 8403a7

>>640181
Holograms can be used to conceal. I say toss a beer can at the projector. Hard. No illusion bullshit allowed.
>>
No. 640301 ID: 825af6

While the Uredo probably didn't see us, it may have heard Mr. Eriksson's outburst. If it did and recognized his voice as that of the guy it just zapped with a memory scrambler it might have figured that the jig was up and either hid or is trying to slip around to the exit. Or a rather more sedate explanation is it discovered that the card it stole doesn't work and it hurried back to the exit via a different route then the one you two took and a stack of containers just happened to block your view of each other.

Better take a quick look up all the aisles back to the exit to be sure you didn't somehow pass the Uredo by. Split up and run opposite directions down the cross-aisle so you can check them faster.

If that doesn't turn up the Uredo, then it might be hiding up on top of the container stack. There ought to be a gap up there for a crane, which would be big enough for an Uredo to fit. If it did hide up there, it would have ridden the hover-lift to the top, climbed on top then set the controls to send the hover-lift back down. Check this out by calling the hover-lift down, moving it to the adjacent stack and riding it all the way up so you can look over to the top of this stack. And even if the Uredo isn't up there you'll still have an excellent vantage point over the warehouse to look for it.

Hm... Yanno, if you were going to steal something from Tr'ak's container and didn't want to risk it being taken if you were caught, it'd make sense to rent one of the nearby containers to stash it in. Then you'd pop the stolen goods in there and take off. And you could give a spare card and the code to an associate to recover the goods. Of course you'd use another person's name to rent it so it wouldn't be traced to you. So perhaps this Uredo did just that and is hiding out in its rented container, hoping things will blow over. It's unlikely, but still a possibility to consider.

What symbol is that hologram? Looks like a "no" symbol... Isn't the logo for the anti-SAI movement a "no" symbol over a robot? And Tr'ak was known to be pro-SAI, so maybe the hologram is a anti-SAI follower's doing. Though why use a hologram and not something like spraypaint or posters?

>>640227
While we do have enough to call for a warrant for entry to Tr'ak's storage container and to remove the contents as evidence, we'd still need Mr. Eriksson to come over and unlock it for us. And until the Uredo is apprehended we shouldn't risk letting him or anybody else in here. We also don't want the possibility, however small, that once the container has been opened the Uredo somehow incapacitates all of us to get to the container's contents.

There's also no point in setting an ambush since the Uredo probably has already tried the "skeleton key" card and found it didn't open the container. It most likely won't return here, especially when there's Peacekeepers here.

>>640249
Holo-projectors only project on the visual spectrum, meaning Jo's suit's forensic scanners would presumably see right through any holographic deception that might be here. Also, the holographic projector is probably evidence, so it should be collected and scanned, not destroyed. But if we want to be extra cautious about things, sending the evidence collection drone up to get the holo-projector would be prudent. That is if the projector is light enough to be carried by a drone.
>>
No. 640308 ID: bfa142

>Gun no work
This is why you use rubber bullets or shock rifles, they may not be as "non-lethal" but at least they work.
>>
No. 640334 ID: 825af6

Before approaching use your forensic scanners to search for fresh traces of the same beer that was used on Mr. Eriksson in the air and on the floor. The Uredo may have accidentally spilled some on itself, but even if it didn't there would still be spatter on its suit from pouring it on Mr. Eriksson. And with the rather still air in here there might be a scent trail of beer you could follow right to the Uredo.
>>
No. 640359 ID: 65a774
File 143162383090.png - (20.49KB , 900x450 , 53.png )
640359

>This is why you use rubber bullets or shock rifles, they may not be as "non-lethal" but at least they work.
There’s also a reason why most nation that use less-lethal methods has a far higher death toll when arresting people.

>Hm... Yanno, if you were going to steal something from Tr'ak's container and didn't want to risk it being taken if you were caught, it'd make sense to rent one of the nearby containers to stash it in.
:PACDREAM: While I can’t say if that’s true or not, I can tell you that none of the nearby containers has been opened in a while.
>What symbol is that hologram? Looks like a "no" symbol... Isn't the logo for the anti-SAI movement a "no" symbol over a robot?
:PACDREAM: Actually, that hologram is originating from the container itself.
:JourneyDREAM: Wait, why wo-
:SYSDREAM: Container MA136 is currently on lockdown! Please try again in 30 hours or contact the admin. Have a nice day.
:JourneyDREAM: Ah… still, seems like a bit of an overkill.
:PACDREAM: One colored holograms like these are rather cheap in this day and age… especially in these parts of the universe. It is just a bunch of lights, after all.
>Pac, please tell me we're able to enter this thing, both legally and physically.
:PACDREAM: We have the law on our side, but we will need the help of the Warehouse company. It will be hard to open one of these babies without a skeleton key card.
>Before approaching use your forensic scanners to search for fresh traces of the same beer that was used on Mr. Eriksson in the air and on the floor.
:PACDREAM: There are some slight traces on the card slot of the container… and on the hover platform.
:PallaviDREAM: So our Uredo was here, then…

>While the Uredo probably didn't see us, it may have heard Mr. Eriksson's outburst.
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… keep on your guard. It might know that we’re coming.
:PallaviDREAM: Roger that, boss.
>Better take a quick look up all the aisles back to the exit to be sure you didn't somehow pass the Uredo by.
:JourneyDREAM: Let’s spread out. You check those aisles over there and I’ll check here. Alright?
:PallaviDREAM: Right… hmm… nothing here… and nothing here either…
>If that doesn't turn up the Uredo, then it might be hiding up on top of the container stack.
:JourneyDREAM: …oh, wait, sh-
>>
No. 640360 ID: 65a774
File 143162384199.png - (20.27KB , 900x450 , 54.png )
640360

*CRACK!!*

:JourneyDREAM: PALLAVI!?
:PACDREAM: She is alive, but hurt. The suit took most of the damage, but she still got a concussion.
:JourneyDREAM: Wait, that thing hit right through our armor!?
:PACDREAM: It hit with a lot of force. It’s probable that it’s boosted, which means that it’s either military, ex-military or a very illegal person. You should be on your guard.
:JourneyDREAM: You don’t say…
>>
No. 640380 ID: 334db2

God DAMMIT. So we're sitting here with our water pistols while any-freaking-one can just boost themselves through the arse and grab some armor, right? And his boosts will enhance his reflexes so much that our stunner-throwing trick won't work again, right? So we've just watched our partner get attacked and our most powerful weapon at our disposal is harsh words?

Okay, call in ALL the backup. Officer down, Illegally boosted suspected terrorist on the scene. Pac, what kind of armor is that and what can I do to it. Be on guard,There's no reason for him to not attack first.
>>
No. 640387 ID: ea0ad9

>Dammit, why is everything immune against the gun!?
And PAC keeps saying this isn't a fantasy thing. Everybody knows everything is immune to the gun only in Fantasy, never in Sci Fi!
>So we've just watched our partner get attacked and our most powerful weapon at our disposal is harsh words?
Just because we can't throw the thing, doesn't mean we can't use it like a master swordsman. Our GODHAND is still good for something, you know.
>>
No. 640406 ID: 334db2

>Everybody knows everything is immune to the gun only in Fantasy, never in Sci Fi!
Yeah, it should have shit accuracy instead.
>Just because we can't throw the thing, doesn't mean we can't use it like a master swordsman.
I have a sinking feeling the interlopers' power level is higher than ours. He just one hit KOd our partner, through her armor, with what looks like a piece of metal pipe.
>>
No. 640414 ID: 65a774
File 143164524420.png - (20.34KB , 900x450 , 55.png )
640414

>I have a sinking feeling the interlopers' power level is higher than ours.
Eh, power levels hasn’t meant shit for ages anyway.
>He just one hit KOd our partner, through her armor, with what looks like a piece of metal pipe.
A large piece of metal… simple, yet deadly.
>Just because we can't throw the thing, doesn't mean we can't use it like a master swordsman. Our GODHAND is still good for something, you know.
You don’t know if you can rely on beinging faster then him, but it should at least give you an even footing.

>Okay, call in ALL the backup. Officer down, Illegally boosted suspected terrorist on the scene.
:PACDREAM: I called for backup as soon as it attacked. They will be here in five minutes.
>So we're sitting here with our water pistols while any-freaking-one can just boost themselves through the arse and grab some armor, right?
:PACDREAM: Booster augmentations are extremely expensive, not to mention dangerous.
>And PAC keeps saying this isn't a fantasy thing. Everybody knows everything is immune to the gun only in Fantasy, never in Sci Fi!
:PACDREAM: But aren’t armor in fantasy made out of papier-mâché?
:JourneyDREAM: Touché…
>Pac, what kind of armor is that and what can I do to it.
:PACDREAM: Your stunrod should still be functional.
:JourneyDREAM: So I just need to hit him to down him?
:PACDREAM: There’s still the boosters to consider. If you’re lucky one hit will knock him out or at least disable him enough for arrest but… if those boosters are set to overdrive, he might need a bit more push then that.
:JourneyDREAM: …and why wouldn’t it put them on overdrive?
:PACDREAM: Because it’s extremely dangerous. It will lead probably lead to permanent damage, brain damage, death or it might just explode or something. There’s a reason why “legal” once are capped.
:JourneyDREAM: …I’m pretty sure you just made the “explosion” part up…

>Be on guard,There's no reason for him to not attack first.
:JourneyDREAM: (Right… let it do the first move…) You’re under arrest… please dr- (shit, what’s it planning!?)
>>
No. 640418 ID: 334db2

>It will lead probably lead to permanent damage, brain damage, death or it might just explode or something
That Guarantees it will happen, because none of those conditions are conductive to interrogation and that would be too easy.

He's either going to hit Pallavi again or charge. His weapon is in a bad position to block, I think we should throw the stun stick now and follow up by rushing him with a godhand to the dome.
>>
No. 640421 ID: 6d4595

>>640418
He's already moved away from Pallavi and towards us, I doubt he's going to hit her now and I doubt there's enough time to do something about it if he was anyway. I also don't think it would be a good idea to try throwing our stun rod again, there's a pretty good chance that it could be lethal if it hits and we really don't want to throw our primary weapon away for a distraction. I don't particularly think he's charging either, it really looks more like he's going to try to smack that hover platform into us.
>>
No. 640433 ID: 65a774
File 143164939088.png - (20.57KB , 900x450 , 56.png )
640433

>it really looks more like he's going to try to smack that hover platform into us.
:JourneyDREAM: Oh, cr-

*Clonk!*
*Crash!*

:PallaviDREAM: Ugh…
:JourneyDREAM: ARhg…
>>
No. 640437 ID: a9f180

>>640433
He won't be expecting the GODHAND. Parry, strike. Even prone you can fight back.
>>
No. 640451 ID: 334db2

Now it's coming in for an overhead strike. I can't see us blocking what it did to that container, so roll out of the way.
>>
No. 640457 ID: ea0ad9

Say, the stun rod relies on electricity right? And he's holding a big ol' lightning rod...
>>
No. 640490 ID: 825af6

You're slightly too far away to hit the Uredo's body with your stun rod, but even if you were close enough to it'd see it coming and dodge. However, you don't have to touch its body to give it a stun shock. See, it's wielding a big electrically conductive metal pipe. If your stun rod touches the pipe it'll deliver the shock right to the Uredo.

Set your stun rod's power level to just shy of what'd cause permanent neurological damage to an Uredo. If that doesn't knock this fucker out at first shock then PAC can keep incrementing the power while the stun rod is in contact until either the Uredo is down or contact is lost.

Take full advantage of your GODHAND augments here. Shove backwards with one arm as hard as you can to roll yourself out of the Uredo's reach; It should be powerful enough to put you far enough away fast enough. Then push yourself upright hard enough that'll put you a bit farther back from the Uredo. While doing these tell PAC to cut the warehouse lights; The situation should give it warrant to take control of them. Once the lights are out turn your suit lamp on in a maximum intensity cone pointed at the Uredo. That'll blind it for a moment, giving you an opportunity to move in. And while the light'll tell the Uredo where you are, it'll be so bright that it won't be able to see where your arms are moving, giving you an advantage.

However, if there isn't enough time to do the above or you don't think you could pull it off then you're going to have to use your GODHAND to soak the force of the Uredo's strike. Quickly bring the arm holding your stun rod up and angle the rod so it'll come in contact with the pipe for as long as possible. Bring your other arm up where it'll be ready to catch the pipe. As soon as the either the Uredo is knocked out or the pipe leaves the stun rod, let go of it to bring that arm over to grab the pipe as well. This may not be enough to stop the pipe from hitting you, but at the least it'll lessen the impact.

And whatever you do, make sure to shout the most vile curse you know in your native language at this Uredo while doing it.

...How the heck is Pallavi getting up right after getting slammed like she was?! You figured she'd be down for the count after that.
>>
No. 640591 ID: 65a774
File 143169905194.png - (20.52KB , 900x450 , 57.png )
640591

>Now it's coming in for an overhead strike. I can't see us blocking what it did to that container, so roll out of the way.
:UnknownKAK: <Wither, shrub!>
:JourneyDREAM: Roll aw- *Crunch!* ARGH!
:PACDREAM: Warning! Heavy hit on left arm! Heavy liquid leaking detected! Engaging medical procedures. Pain killers engaged. Estimate bodily fluid loss… 8%.

>Say, the stun rod relies on electricity right? And he's holding a big ol' lightning rod...
:UnknownKAK: ARRG-G-G-G-G-G-g-g- !!!!
>And whatever you do, make sure to shout the most vile curse you know in your native language at this Uredo while doing it.
:JourneyDREAM: Ert echra aterna SHEERN!!
:UnknownKAK: …d-doj…
>>
No. 640592 ID: 65a774
File 143169905987.png - (20.50KB , 900x450 , 58.png )
640592

>Tell PAC to cut the warehouse lights; The situation should give it warrant to take control of them.
:PACDREAM: I’m sorry, but I can’t find the light controls. They are probably manually controlled. I’ll see if I can cut the power too them instead, but that might take a moment.
>...How the heck is Pallavi getting up right after getting slammed like she was?!
:PACDREAM: I said that her armor took most of the damage. She’s got a concussion and isn’t really fit for a direct fight, but she’ll be able to stand up on her own… if a bit wobbly.

:JourneyDREAM: A-and you’re still standing… o-of course…
:PACDREAM: It seems to be in a lot of pain, though… and there’s some smoke coming from it…
:UnknownKAK: <This u-united blight will s-shrivre-el and wilt before the b-beauty of the regrown terrace of peace-e.>
:JourneyDREAM: …<the who?>
:UnknownKAK: <D-decay with dignity, seedling. Face your h-harvester with courage.>
:PACDREAM: Warning, it seems like he’s armed with several bladed weapons…
:JourneyDREAM: I can see that…
>>
No. 640641 ID: 6d4595

I think we're going to need to fight defensively for now. Our weapon is longer than what he's using, but his arms are also longer than ours, to the point where I think his reach wins out. We also need to worry about the fact that he has multiple weapons to strike with while we only have one to defend/counter with. It's also likely that, since these are actual weapons instead of a random pipe or something, so they'll probably be insulated. Trying to shock him through them probably won't work like it did last time.
>>
No. 640658 ID: ea0ad9

>>640641
Grab the pipe. It's got a longer reach.
>>
No. 640742 ID: 6e1eb1

>>640592
I say throw that thing she threw at us back at her. Fair's fair.

Also why the fuck is an Uredo being so violent? I thought only uncivilized barbarian Uredo were like that. This one is obviously not a marauder.
>>
No. 640769 ID: 825af6

Call Pallavi over comms to tell her you're going to try and keep the Uredo's focus on you. What you need her to do is get in close enough behind the Uredo that she can throw her stun rod at it and land the hit.

Ask PAC to scan those blades and try to find out what they are and what their composition and capabilities are. You want to know both whether they'll conduct a stun rod shock and how well they'll fare against your suit and you if they hit.

Ask PAC if the smoke is from the Uredo's booster augs either burning out themselves or the Uredo. If so then how long would PAC estimate until either the boosters or the Uredo fails? And will those boosters be operating at reduced effectiveness due to the damage so far sustained?

Are there any systems in here that PAC can take control of that could help you in this fight? Can the hover-lifts be remote controlled? Dropping one of those on this Uredo from a great height would definitely put it down. Does the warehouse have a automated container handling system PAC could commandeer? Pinning the Uredo down with a forklift or a crane rig would be absolutely dandy right now. Or, hell, could PAC commandeer an automated vehicle passing by the freight dock and fly it in that way to make a landing on the Uredo or use it to knock the Uredo down the aisle?

While that hit to your arm seriously injured the flesh, your GODHAND augment is made of much sterner stuff and should have stood up to the impact much better. So with the injury how much strength and control do you have remaining in that arm?

Snatch up the metal pipe and move back behind the broken hover-lift to use it as partial cover. If the grip of your stun rod'll fit snugly in the pipe, flip it on, jam it in there and wield it like a spear. That'll give your stun rod the reach you so need. Alternatively, if the grip won't fit in the pipe but the rod will, jam the rod in instead and wield the pipe with one hand on the stun rod grip. It won't be as good as a makeshift stun spear, but it's better then a stun rod here.

Remember, even though the Uredo's limbs give it more reach then you, it still has to stick those limbs out to get at you. All you need is to brush your stun rod against the limb gripping the weapon once to deliver the shock.
>>
No. 640788 ID: 334db2

>This u-united blight will s-shrivre-el and wilt before the b-beauty of the regrown terrace of peace-e.
> D-decay with dignity, seedling. Face your h-harvester with courage.
Does that speech sound Religiously/Ideologically charged, or is it just a quirk of the language?

Take the pipe and keep your enemy at range or deflect with the stun rod if it'll have an effect; but keep in mind you can't block 4 blades at once. Say something to incite it and keep it's attention away from Pallavi.
>>
No. 640890 ID: 65a774
File 143179678335.png - (21.67KB , 900x450 , 59.png )
640890

>While that hit to your arm seriously injured the flesh, your GODHAND augment is made of much sterner stuff and should have stood up to the impact much better.
Sadly, it’s your right arm that’s augmented, not your left. Luckily, you don’t have any bone to break and you can replace the dead Cin tissue over time. Right now, though, your left arm is nearly useless as it doesn’t have enough Cin liquid to muster the strength to lift anything heavier than a soda can.
>Why the fuck is an Uredo being so violent? I thought only uncivilized barbarian Uredo were like that.
While most of them are pacifistic to a fault, it’s well known that when one goes over the edge it will do so running and screaming. Going by its disciplined fighting style, you have to guess that it’s a former soldier, which means that it probably have lost all sense of morals by now.
>Does that speech sound Religiously/Ideologically charged, or is it just a quirk of the language?
The languages it’s using is an older, nearly unused dialect, mostly favored by the more conservative parts of the Uredo species. Thus it’s both a quirk of the language and an ideologically charged statement.

>Ask PAC to scan those blades and try to find out what they are and what their composition and capabilities are.
:PACDREAM: They are normal synth steel blades. While they won’t cut through your armor on their own, with the enemy’s increased strength it’s probable it will still do a lot of damage.
>Ask PAC if the smoke is from the Uredo's booster augs either burning out themselves or the Uredo.
:PACDREAM: I’m sorry, I can’t answer that.
>Will those boosters be operating at reduced effectiveness due to the damage so far sustained?
:PACDREAM: It’s moving slower and less graceful then before, so it’s a given that you hurt it.
>Are there any systems in here that PAC can take control of that could help you in this fight?
:PACDREAM: Sorry, I can’t find any systems nearby that should help.

>Call Pallavi over comms to tell her you're going to try and keep the Uredo's focus on you.
:PallaviDREAM: (Urgh… right… I’ll… I’ll hit him from behind… as… as soon as the floor stops moving…)

>I think we're going to need to fight defensively for now.
>Grab the pipe. It's got a longer reach.
>Move back behind the broken hover-lift to use it as partial cover.
:UnknownKAK: …<Hiding away in the shadows, fearing the new dawn of peace, sapling?>
>Say something to incite it and keep it's attention away from Pallavi.
:JourneyDREAM: Peace? Is that really what you’re fighting for?
:UnknownKAK: <Only by->
:JourneyDREAM: We’re already at peace, you stupid bush. Of course, you would realize that if you weren’t just another broken Uredo, another psychopath that needs to be put do- ARG! Seed of a-
:PACDREAM: WARNING! Eye globe slightly damaged! Liquid leaking detected! Estimate total bodily fluid loss… 13%.
:UnknownKAK: <The weed needs to be culled, Sa->
>>
No. 640891 ID: 65a774
File 143179679406.png - (22.37KB , 900x450 , 60.png )
640891

:UnknownKAK: ARGH!!!
:PallaviDREAM: Eat lightning, you overgrown-
>>
No. 640892 ID: 65a774
File 143179680311.png - (21.70KB , 900x450 , 61.png )
640892

:PallaviDREAM: *Gasp*
:UnknownKAK: <STUPID ALIEN SCUM! You’re nothing but a beast that needs to be put down… you and all your alien ki->
>>
No. 640893 ID: 65a774
File 143179681398.png - (22.74KB , 900x450 , 62.png )
640893

:UnknownKAK: RNGG!!
:JourneyDREAM: Let her go, you-*Crunch* AAAH!!
:PACDREAM: WARNING! Right arm heavily damaged! Extreme Liquid leaking detected! Estimate total bodily fluid loss… 19%. WARNING! GODHAND is experiencing a major malfunction! WARNING! All cybernetics in your right arm are non-functional!
:UnknownKAK: <Y-you wil… a… b…urn… Arr…k…>
>>
No. 640894 ID: 65a774
File 143179682119.png - (21.82KB , 900x450 , 63.png )
640894

*Splort!*
>>
No. 640895 ID: 65a774
File 143179683170.png - (21.63KB , 900x450 , 64.png )
640895

:PallaviDREAM: *Gasp!* *Cough*… urh… I’m fine… did… did he just explode?
:PACDREAM: It seems that his eyestalks wasn’t able to take the increased blood pressure.
:JourneyDREAM: ...urg… I think I got a ton of Uredo inside me…
:PACDREAM: …it’s seems to be still alive, if a bit… um… let just say that body won’t move again without any medical treatment. Oh, and reinforcements just arrived outside the warehouse.
:JourneyDREAM: Ugh… that’s… n-nice…
>>
No. 640898 ID: 9ddf68

PAC, could you tell them to get someone who works here to crack this create open and send for some medical help? Both for the two of us and the guy that just exploded somewhat?
>>
No. 640904 ID: 334db2

I hope those reinforcements Include medical personnel. send 'em in, Pac. Sit down and wait until you feel painkillers kicking in, advise your partner to do the same.

I hope we can get a replacement cybernetic quickly.
>>
No. 640931 ID: 825af6

While PAC says the Uredo isn't gonna move on its own anytime soon, with the crap it pulled you want to be extra sure of that. Ask Pallavi if she can cuff the Uredo, using both your cuffs, just to be extra safe, and both clear the stun rods away and relieve the Uredo of any other weaponry it may have on itself. Say you'd help except both your arms are kinda fucked up right now and your vision is a bit wonky. And if PAC says using a dose of Quick-Fix on the Uredo (once it's cuffed) would help it last 'till the medics get here, then Pallavi should do just that.

Considering that you don't know what the hell was coursing through that Uredo, you should expel all of it that got in you. Also, it's damn gross. Shuffle just around the corner, pop your helmet open and puke it all up. Apologize to Pallavi for her having to hear that as you slump to the ground.

Aw, crap, the evidence you collected! It may have been damaged in the fight! Check your suit's evidence storage and ask Pallavi to do the same for her suit, if she was carrying any evidence.

You're going to need an ambulance for the Uredo, and maybe one for you and Pallavi too. If they aren't already en route PAC can call them down and let them in through the freight entrance. And call for the Uredo to be put under heavy protective guard until it's well enough to be moved to a jail cell. You've got the feeling that since it lived through this somebody is going to act to rectify that.

And considering the crap that's gone on around Tr'ak's storage container you'd rather not open it here. Call for the warrant for Tr'ak's storage container be expanded to removing it to a secure Peacekeeper facility and opened there, where it'll be sure to not be interrupted.

Can PAC give you an estimate for how long it'll be until you and Pallavi will be fit for duty again. You know you're going to need what feels like several liters of Cin fluid pumped back in and your membrane fixed, so that's going to take a bit. And then your GODHAND needs fixing, or even replacement; Good thing you bought the extended service plan on it. And you're going to need a new suit, which means PAC'll have to be transferred over. Is it looking like you won't make your appointment with Eli?

><STUPID ALIEN SCUM! You’re nothing but a beast that needs to be put down… you and all your alien ki->
Sounds like the Uredo slipped into a more modern dialect when it got angrier. No surprise there.

Putting what the Uredo said together with it's highly aggressive actions it seems very likely that it's a fanatical Uredo supremacist; One so devout that when cornered it would choose going down fighting rather then be captured. That'd explain why it was using a dialect that (I assume) dates from the Uredo revolt and overthrow of the Cibics. So what Uredo supremacist and ultra-conservative groups are known of that are that fanatical?

And you still don't have any idea why the hell a fanatical Uredo supremacist was trying to get into Tr'ak's storage container. You get the feeling that it was the pawn of somebody else; That it was given a mission and didn't know what it was about at all.

Now that you have a... more then adequate sample of the Uredo's bodily tissues, PAC can DNA scan it and ID who the hell this Uredo is. And if it doesn't show in the databases PAC has regular access to, shoot the DNA scan and a records inquiry over to the military to request they check their databases for it.

In addition to the DNA scan PAC should also trace back the Uredo's route using footage from the station cameras. Maybe PAC'll discover the Uredo had an accomplice. It's likely it did, since a crazed Uredo doesn't strike you as someone who could come up with a plan as coherent as this, even though it didn't work in the end. There's a decent chance the Uredo had a minder of some sort.

Art error: The crack is missing from Pallavi's helmet.
>>
No. 640944 ID: 65a774
File 143181979399.png - (131.17KB , 900x450 , 65.png )
640944

>Sit down and wait until you feel painkillers kicking in, advise your partner to do the same.
You can already feel the painkillers doing their job… but as your adrenaline starts to mellow out, you’re also starting to feel the side-effect of them too. It feels like your mind is starting to be consumed by a fog, and your thoughts start to slow to a crawl… not to mention the wound to your eyestalk is starting to make itself known as your vision rapidly degenerates.

>Ask Pallavi if she can cuff the Uredo, using both your cuffs, just to be extra safe, and both clear the stun rods away and relieve the Uredo of any other weaponry it may have on itself.
:PallaviDREAM: I… I just need to… ow… give me a second…
:JourneyDREAM: Meanwhile… I… I need to… excuse me… I need to… expel…
:PallaviDREAM: Huh, w-what are-
:JourneyDREAM: *BARF!!*
:PallaviDREAM: Oh…
:PACDREAM: Estimate total bodily fluid loss… 21%. WARNING! Liquid loss at dangerous levels!

>Aw, crap, the evidence you collected! It may have been damaged in the fight!
:PACDREAM: Do not worry, your evidence bag is still safe and well protected.
>I hope those reinforcements Include medical personnel.
:PACDREAM: Medics are on their way… and I’ve already called for ambulances.
>Call for the warrant for Tr'ak's storage container be expanded to removing it to a secure Peacekeeper facility and opened there, where it'll be sure to not be interrupted.
:PACDREAM: We already have a warrant to do whatever we want with it. I’ll see to it that it’s moved properly.

>Can PAC give you an estimate for how long it'll be until you and Pallavi will be fit for duty again.
:PACDREAM: Physically? Tomorrow if you follow standard medical procedure. Mentally? I can’t say. If you wish, you can take a few days off after this, Jo.
:JourneyDREAM: I.. I… no… if I don’t… I feel like this whole case will slip away if I’m not vigilant…
:PACDREAM: Very well.
:JourneyDREAM: But… I still need a grand meal, a long visit to the HydroEther Cleaning Chamber, a good movie, a warm Hibernating sphere to crawl into and a cute Cibic to snuggle with after all this…
:PACDREAM: …except for the last one, I’m sure I can fix all that for you, if you wish.
>You know you're going to need what feels like several liters of Cin fluid pumped back in and your membrane fixed, so that's going to take a bit.
:PACDREAM: Your membrane is already being worked on by the suit. Your eye will need some extra medical attention but the lost liquid will be replaced soon enough. Do not worry, you will feel fine by tomorrow.
>And then your GODHAND needs fixing, or even replacement.
:PACDREAM: The damage is not that severe and can quickly be fixed by Peace Keepers engineers. You will be given the necessary materials for its repairs soon.
>And you're going to need a new suit, which means PAC'll have to be transferred over.
:PACDREAM: Your current suit will need to be repaired and thus be off duty for a few days, but do not worry, The force have several emergency suits you can wear while your suit is out of commission. They will already have PAC units installed, so as soon as I transfer the last few days data over to them you’ll not even notice the difference. It will take some time, but not more than a few hours.
:JourneyDREAM: …wait, but… that wouldn’t be you…?
:PallaviDREAM: PAC isn’t sentient. Every suit in the force got the same PAC model in them.
:JourneyDREAM: Oh right… sometimes I forget about that.

>Is it looking like you won't make your appointment with Eli?
:PACDREAM: There’s still a bit more than an hour left. Of course, if you wish we can cancel it?
>Putting what the Uredo said together with its highly aggressive actions it seems very likely that it's a fanatical Uredo supremacist. So what Uredo supremacist and ultra-conservative groups are known?
:PACDREAM: …I can’t find any group that would have motive to strike here in New Horizon.
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… I can’t think of one either… most of them generally hangs out on our origin planet.
>Now that you have a... more than adequate sample of the Uredo's bodily tissues, PAC can DNA scan it and ID who the hell this Uredo is.
:PACDREAM: …what I can tell you right now is that it was not a resident of New Horizon and that the booster it had was about thirty years old. I’ll need to access the Integrated Clans record to find out more and that will take some time.
>In addition to the DNA scan PAC should also trace back the Uredo's route using footage from the station cameras.
:PACDREAM: I’ll see what I can do…

:CopDREAM: Are you alright?
:CopDREAM: We need a few medics over here!
:PACDREAM: So, officer Journey, Pallavi wishes to take the rest of the day off… do you want to follow her example? Or do you think we have something a bit more important to do?
>>
No. 640958 ID: 334db2

>You can already feel the painkillers doing their job…
I meant the stuff the medics would administer. That stuff's great, wait for some of that. In the meantime, think about your life decisions and focus on not fainting.
> Mentally? I can’t say. If you wish, you can take a few days off after this, Jo.
If our boss allows us to requisition some weapons that actually work, I'll be feeling better in no time. I've been attacked twice in as many days and I'm not a beat cop, hopefully that's a good enough reason to get a waiver.
> …except for the last one, I’m sure I can fix all that for you, if you wish.
We've got a wee stuffed Uredo that should work in a pinch.
>not a resident of New Horizon and that the booster it had was about thirty years old.
Really old grudge? Really good mercenary? If it's not ideological it must be money. How about that armor, who made that?

As for meeting Eli, let's see how long it takes for the medics to patch us up. If we can't make it in time, we'll reschedule.
>>
No. 640964 ID: 6e1eb1

>>640944
>day off
Negative. Once we're able to walk around again we are going to continue working. This incident has only further shown how important this case is. First priority is finding out what's so important about that crate. Second is gathering information about what the Uredo has been doing around here. Has he been meeting anyone, going to any locations regularly, that sort of thing? AFTER we do some research on him/her, we interrogate them. With the information we have we can more easily tell when they'll be lying, and we can manipulate them too.

...hey I think I figured out who's beating up that human we were talking to earlier. It's his girlfriend's ex, or father, or something like that.
>>
No. 640973 ID: 9ddf68

>So, officer Journey, Pallavi wishes to take the rest of the day off… do you want to follow her example? Or do you think we have something a bit more important to do?
well seeing as someone just tried to kill us, I'm taking it that we're getting close to something and as such I'd like to pursue whatever it is while the trail is still hot. Plus I'll have plenty of time to rest while I'm seeing the doctor.
>>
No. 640998 ID: 82c018

>Physically? Tomorrow if you follow standard medical procedure.
So we should avoid things likely to be physically strenuous or violent for the day, but check up on other things in the meanwhile such as background checks and the meeting with Eli*.

* While SolCorp has been acting suspicious, even if they are up to something attacking us in their own building would draw far too much scrutiny towards them to be worth it.
>>
No. 641054 ID: 65a774
File 143187825961.png - (246.89KB , 900x450 , 66.png )
641054

:JourneyDREAM: …someone just tried to kill us, which means we’re getting close to something they don’t want us to find. If I stop now the trail might run cold.
:PACDREAM: If that is what you wish… just keep out of anything physically taxing.
:JourneyDREAM: I can still investigate some things… and go to that meeting with Eli.
:PACDREAM: Very well, I’ll see if I can get you patched up until then.
:JourneyDREAM: First thing first… the crate.
:PACDREAM: We’ll have it open in no time, don’t worry.
:JourneyDREAM: Then… what that Uredo was doing here.
:PACDREAM: I’m investigating his moments as we speak.
:JourneyDREAM: and… its armor? Where did it get that?
:PACDREAM: That’s something you can buy in a store. It’s not made for combat, but it’s better than normal clothes.
:JourneyDREAM: Well… I… I’m just going to rest a bit while the doctor takes care of me… I’m… just going to close my eyes for a moment…
:PACDREAM: Sleep well, Jo.
>>
No. 641055 ID: 65a774
File 143187826735.png - (13.12KB , 900x450 , 67.png )
641055

:JourneyDREAM: I… feel a bit thinner than usual…
:UnknownKAK: You’ve lost a lot of liquid, ma’am. It’s only natural that you would have a smaller frame than usual.
:JourneyDREAM: I… I just didn’t expect losing so much…
:UnknownKAK: Do not worry, as your body is ready to engulf additional liquids. See this blue canister behind you? Try to consume about a third of its content after every meal today and you’ll be your original size before you go to bed tonight.
:JourneyDREAM: Oh…
:UnknownKAK: Also, I’ve got reports that your cybernetics are mostly repaired, and your eyestalk is healing splendidly.
:JourneyDREAM: So… what’s the bad news?
:PACDREAM: You were asleep for over three hours.
:JourneyDREAM: …so I missed Eli’s meeting!?
:PACDREAM: Yes, but she’s willing to meet you another time. She either suggested that you took lunch together in about half an hour, or wait until later this evening when things usually calms down.
:JourneyDREAM: Ah, good…
:PACDREAM: Oh, and while you were away, they got the container open.
:JourneyDREAM: What’s in it?
:PACDREAM: Three fully functional robot bodies without any AIs in them… and one body that’s half done plus a few crates of all kind of robot parts.
:JourneyDREAM: …robot bodies? Really?
:PACDREAM: I was also able to track the Uredo. He came here yesterday with a ship and rented a small hotel room for two nights.
:JourneyDREAM: …so we got a hotel room to check out?
:PACDREAM: The captain has also given you access to a less then lethal shock rifle, if something like this would happened again.
:JourneyDREAM: Oh, sweet!
:UnknownKAK: *Cough*
:JourneyDREAM: Err… what it something else, doc?
:UnknownKAK: I just wanted to tell you to take it easy today… and eat / drink a lot… and don’t forget to drink the liquid in the canister.
:JourneyDREAM: …what’s in it?
:UnknownKAK: It’s a Cin… kind of… either way, consuming it should give you your body mass back. Now, I guess we’re done here, or is there something else you want to know? I have time to answer any questions you have, as there are few Cibics here needing my aid anyway…
:JourneyDREAM: …wait, you’re only work on Cibics?
:UnknownKAK: Mostly, yes… which means I usually get paid sitting down playing on my augmentations all day…
>>
No. 641069 ID: ea0ad9

>She either suggested that you took lunch together in about half an hour, or wait until later this evening when things usually calms down.
Getting a meal in should be good.
>>
No. 641070 ID: dbe554

Well it makes sense to have a specialized Cibic doctor on hand, with our vastly different biology, I mean we don't exactly have bones or such like most other races, probably some Uredo specific doctors as well.
>>
No. 641075 ID: 60700b

>>641055
May I ask your name?

Do you help every Cibic on the station?
>>
No. 641083 ID: 9ddf68

do lunch since we're going to need to eat anyways. we can hit the hotel room afterwards

But as for the Bodies, any idea where they came from PAC? and tis also brings up a new question. We had a theory that there was a second SAI, it's what pushed T'rrk to sell the leg data, but why where there 3 bodies then?

(sigh) now we have to find the other two SAI robots that or at least what the bodies where meant for, what caused that fight between T'rkk and K55P, and why someone has decided to run around doing armed robberies, planting bombs, and hiring hit men to kill us simply for some blank bodies, and some leg data.

Oh and that reminds me, PAC any word on Susan's brother? I feel like we're gathering all the pieces but we're still missing the one that explains why everything is so volatile right now.
>>
No. 641089 ID: 65a774
File 143189926795.png - (13.14KB , 900x450 , 68.png )
641089

>May I ask your name?
:DDDDREAM: I’m Doctor The Dawn of Dew… but people call me either DDD or triple D.
:JourneyDREAM: Well, I’m officer Song of the Journey… people call me Jo. Nice to meet you.
:DDDDREAM: Likewise, ma’am.
>Do you help every Cibic on the station?
:DDDDREAM: No, ma’am, I mostly work for the peace keepers… and other state employment and the like.
:JourneyDREAM: Do they really need a specialized doctor for just that?
:DDDDREAM: Well, I have to admit, I do have a lot of dead time thanks to the lack of Cibics around here… but the other doctors I work with are needed a lot more.
>Well it makes sense to have a specialized Cibic doctor on hand, with our vastly different biology.
:DDDDREAM: Indeed… in fact, every species has a specialist. We’re rather alien to each other, after all… even if aliens like humans and lizards might seem to resemble each other a bit, they are still vastly different under the hood, so to speak.
:JourneyDREAM: …I guess you’re right about that.
:DDDDREAM: Therefor, as your personal doctor, I have to recommend that you check with the interspecies guide before trying to consume any alien food or liquids(even though Cibics can eat pretty much anything), play any alien sports, commit to any alien cultural activities or have interspecies intercourse. Remember, all alien activities can potentially be dangerous to you and any spectators / partners. Please think of safety first.
:JourneyDREAM:
:DDDDREAM: Err… I must apologize, I kind of… um… went on a bit off topic there… sorry…

>As for the Bodies, any idea where they came from PAC?
:PACDREAM: We’ve tracked the parts to a local Synth disjunctioner were Tr’ak personally been buying them for the last few months. Apparently, he made the bodies himself.
>We had a theory that there was a second SAI, it's what pushed T'rrk to sell the leg data, but why where there 3 bodies then?
:PACDREAM: Tree whole bodies. There was also one that was unfinished… and a lot of parts for more… and let’s not forget the one he tried to buy from the Deus Machina. That make it a total of five bodies plus spare parts.
:JourneyDREAM: So… then why did he have five bodies? Are there five SAIs?
:PACDREAM: I can’t say, Jo.
>Oh and that reminds me, PAC any word on Susan's brother?
:PACDREAM: Sorry, not yet. They are looking into his disappearance.

>Getting a meal in should be good.
:JourneyDREAM: You know… I really should go for lunch…
:DDDDREAM: …are you asking me out!?
:JourneyDREAM: What? No, I wasn’t… I was talking to my PAC unit.
:DDDDREAM: Oh, of course. Sorry to bother you, then.
:PACDREAM: I’ll contact Eli for you…
:JourneyDREAM: Now… I do hope those “fits all” clothes I got actually fit this small body of mine…
:PACDREAM: Speaking of clothes, your new suit will is already finished and ready… but you can’t wear it at your current size, sorry.
:JourneyDREAM: I guess I’ll have to take my civvies then.
:DDDDREAM: Oh, before you leave. I’m going to need to see you later today, to make sure you’re healing correctly. You don’t mind if I make a house call?
:JourneyDREAM: Um… I guess not?

:PACDREAM: Hmm… did you order anything? A postal employee just arrived with a rather big package for you back at your apartment.
>>
No. 641093 ID: e114bc

>>641089
...I don't remember ordering anything. ...oh god it's what's left of Cib isn't it. You WERE warned if you continued the investigation your friends would be attacked. Maybe now you'll take that threat seriously and warn them? Or SOMETHING?
>>
No. 641095 ID: 60700b

Before I leave, DDD, any reason why I can't just chug that container?

Totally forgot that question last time.
>>
No. 641097 ID: 9ddf68

no the box from last night was the last thing from me getting moved in and I've been to busy with work to order anything... if this a bomb or a severed limb I'm going to be pissed.
>>
No. 641100 ID: 334db2

Also, How's Pallavi doing?
>>
No. 641139 ID: ea0ad9

>as your personal doctor, I have to recommend that you check with the interspecies guide before trying to consume any alien food or liquids
Okay we should check the guide for the lunch. Eli was human, right?
>A postal employee just arrived with a rather big package for you back at your apartment.
Any sender? Weren't exactly expecting anything, but who knows when people send random stuff when you first meet them. We did make friends with some eccentric folk.
>>
No. 641214 ID: 65a774
File 143197205743.png - (12.67KB , 900x450 , 69.png )
641214

>DDD, any reason why I can't just chug that container?
:DDDDREAM: It needs energy, material and time to properly bind itself to your current Cin body. If you… “Chugged” the whole thing at once you would probably just become sick and expel even more of your body. So, please be patient and follow my instructions. Eat about a third of that canister after or before every major meal today. Do you understand?
:JourneyDREAM: Yes, doctor.
:DDDDREAM: Good. I hope I’ll see that your condition has improved when I visit you later… otherwise I’ll need to have a very stern talking with you.
:JourneyDREAM: I’ll follow your instructions, don’t worry.
>Okay we should check the guide for the lunch. Eli was human, right?
:JourneyDREAM: Holy crap… there’s a lot of things humans can’t eat.
:DDDDREAM: That’s the sad truth, isn’t it? You’re probably so used to be able to eat anything you want that it’s rather… well, alien that the other species are rather restricted in their diet, no?
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… and there’s a lot of thing here that they can’t eat but don’t want to… that’s kind of prudish, if you ask me.
:DDDDREAM: They have a different kind of taste, the only thing you can do is to accept that. Oh, and I’ll recommend that you go through the last section of that list. It’s about things that might be dangerous to others if you consume it yourself… like toxics and the like.
:JourneyDREAM: Geez… these guys can’t eat anything, can they?

>Also, How's Pallavi doing?
:PACDREAM: She is fine. She’s still a bit shaken, but with some rest and relaxation she’ll be as good as new.
>...I don't remember ordering anything.
:PACDREAM: Then that package is kind of suspect, isn’t it?
>Any sender?
:PACDREAM: No, sorry.
>if this a bomb or a severed limb I'm going to be pissed.
:PACDREAM: This thing went through the post office. Unless they’ve infiltrated the postal service they would have cough it if it was some kind of bomb or bloody limb.

>oh god it's what's left of Cib isn't it!
:PACDREAM: …err… as for a robot part, that would have made it through, yes. Do you want to investigate that right now?
:JourneyDREAM: I…
:PACDREAM: Just a reminder. If you check out the package you will probably not make it in time to the lunch you promised Eli.
>>
No. 641215 ID: 3d59b2

FOOD
>>
No. 641218 ID: 334db2

>Geez… these guys can’t eat anything, can they?
I'm pretty sure you think that because you can eat anything.

Can we send another officer to check on it? I'd hate to keep Eli waiting anymore. And we'd feel really stupid if it's only a false alarm.
>>
No. 641242 ID: dbe554

Well, we kinda need food after all the shit that's went down already. I mean we kinda exploded a pair of eye stalks on an Uredo..
>>
No. 641262 ID: a2b630

I say go to Eli's lunch first, then check out the package at home. You've been through enough already, you should at least get some energy in your system, right?
>>
No. 641264 ID: 334db2

And how's that BTL decoding going along?
>>
No. 641294 ID: 9ddf68

lunch first, we kind of need it and we can't keep pushing the meeting off.
>>
No. 641312 ID: ea0ad9

>If you check out the package you will probably not make it in time to the lunch you promised Eli.
Don't reschedule, we've done that too much. We can probably ask one of our friends to check it out, since it was sent to Citizen Song of Journey, and not Officer Song of Journey.
>>
No. 641487 ID: 65a774
File 143205401858.png - (23.33KB , 900x450 , 70.png )
641487

>I'm pretty sure you think that because you can eat anything.
It’s not your fault everyone else hasn’t evolved a body made out of digestive fluids that can break down nearly anything organic!
>I mean we kinda exploded a pair of eye stalks on an Uredo..
It’s not the first time that has happened… of course, last time it was an accident involving a pebble, a bridge, a large plate of manure and two ships filled with… err…

:JourneyDREAM: …well, I’ve made my decision, PAC.
:PACDREAM: …really, and that-
:JourneyDREAM: FOOD!!
:PACDREAM: …oh. Of course…
:DDDDREAM: A wise choice, ma’am. Of course, food is always a wise choice.
:JourneyDREAM: It is, isn’t it?
:DDDDREAM: Now remember, eat a third of it with every major meal, and I’ll be check up on you later today, ma’am.
:JourneyDREAM: Please, call me Jo.
:DDDDREAM: I’ll check up on you later today, patient Jo.

:JourneyDREAM: As for the package… can’t an officer check it out?
:PACDREAM: Well, if you’re positive that there something bad in it. You don’t want to send someone over if it’s a false alarm, after all.
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm.. maybe I can ask a friend to check it out? …but they are all working now, aren’t they?
:PACDREAM: Well, you do know someone that’s on sick leave, don’t you?
:JourneyDREAM: Oh right, Vitus! Call him up, then!
:PACDREAM: … … …his mod just said he’ll call you back in ten minutes.
:JourneyDREAM: Right, let’s head to Eli while we wait.

>And how's that BTL decoding going along?
:PACDREAM: If you’re lucky, they will be able to start later today.



:UnknownKAK: -most importance that they are ready when the times comes. We do not have the patience for more delays, human.
:EliDREAM: I understand. You will have your-
:LEXDREAM: Officer Song of the Journey is here for your lunch meeting, ma’am.
:EliDREAM: Ah, yes, of course, I almost forgot.
:UnknownKAK: Humph… then I’ll take my leave…
:EliDREAM: Greeti- err… is it just my or are you… have you… lost weight, Officer Journey?

:SYSDREAM: *BEEP*! You are getting a call from… Vitus.
:VitusDREAM: Err… hey, you called me? What’s up?
>>
No. 641488 ID: e114bc

>>641487
Tell Vitus you have a mysterious package at your door and you think it miiiiight contain some of Cib's parts as a gruesome warning to drop the case, so you want it checked out but you also have a meeting to go to. You trust him and he's available so you'd like him to open it in your stead.

Tell Eli about the fight with the Uredo. Ask who the orange Sakkil is. Is he from a corp that wants to buy some of the ARC units?
>>
No. 641496 ID: 9ddf68

>Greeti- err… is it just my or are you… have you… lost weight, Officer Journey?
had a run in with a guy that gave me a good workout earlier today, it's nothing to worry about.

>Err… hey, you called me? What’s up?
a strang package showed up at my door but I can't see what's in it because work has me... well working. I was wondering if you could bring it into my apartment and see what's inside and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Oh and uh... well this is probably just paranoia talking from some stress built up from work but if it's something bad please feel free to call the peace keepers and let them know what you found.
>>
No. 641502 ID: 334db2

Any idea who these other guys are?

Vitus, can you check out a package that just arrived at my place? I'm pretty busy right now but I'll be back soon.

> is it just my or are you… have you… lost weight, Officer Journey?
My partner and I were attacked by a boosted Uredo. I guess you could say it took a lot out of me. You should see the other guy.
>>
No. 641503 ID: dbe554

We got beaten by an enraged Uredo who was out for blood, ended up fighting him, and exploding his eye's.
>>
No. 641506 ID: 60700b

>>641487
>lost weight
Yes, and in my case, not a good thing, which is also why I have this container, to regain my lost weight.
>>
No. 641507 ID: 65a774
File 143206737633.png - (23.07KB , 900x450 , 71.png )
641507

>Any idea who these other guys are?
The male hiver is clearly that lawyer that lives on your floor… what’s his name again? Cksk? As for the Sakkilian female… you have no idea, but the clothes she’s wearing seems important.

:JourneyDREAM: (Hey, Vitus, I need to ask you for a favor.)
:VitusDREAM: (Err… sure?)
:JourneyDREAM: (See, I just received a package and work is… well, keeping me working. Can you go check on it?)
:VitusDREAM: (…you want me to open your mail, yeah?)
:JourneyDREAM: (Yes, I’m a bit paranoid at the moment so I need to know what it is post haste… um… it’s probably not anything dangerous, don’t worry.)
:VitusDREAM: (…yeah, if this is some kind of prank I will hit you, you understand?)
:JourneyDREAM: (It’s not a prank.)
:VitusDREAM: (Right, right… I’ll just open up the package… I’ll call you back in a minute.)


:JourneyDREAM: Yes, I’ve lost a bit of weight… I ran into this Uredo and it gave me quit the workout.
:EliDREAM: …workout?
:JourneyDREAM: It pounded me like I was the door to an occupied bathroom.
:EliDREAM: …it pounded you…
:JourneyDREAM: It really worked me over until it reached its satisfaction.
:EliDREAM: …I’m just going to guess that you’re messing with me and that thing attacked you or something?
:JourneyDREAM: Yeah, apparently some mercenary Uredo was trying to steal Tr’aks stuff and was willing to kill for it. He wounded me quite severely… thus why I’m so small right now.
:EliDREAM: Someone attacked the peace keepers? This is worse than I thought.

:JourneyDREAM: So… who was that Sakkilain.
:EliDREAM: She was none of your business, officer.
:JourneyDREAM: Is she from a corp that wants to-
:EliDREAM: I said she’s none of your business.
:JourneyDREAM: Gee, sorry… then might I ask about why Cksk is here?
:CkskDREAM: Oh, I’m just here for some legal queries with madam Eli. Do not mind me, Jo.
:JourneyDREAM: oh… so… um… why did you want to see me again?
:EliDREAM: Do you know the phrases “The Living Arc” and “Grand exodus”?
:JourneyDREAM: Well… err…
:EliDREAM: Oh, I believe it’s time for lunch, correct? I’ll order something for you two while you think about that question.


:VitusDREAM: (Alright, I’ve got the box open, yeah? There’s a note in here and something clad on cloth… let’s see… “insert the battery into the spine”? Huh?)
:JourneyDREAM: (Oh, for a second there I was afraid that it would be a part of Ci-)
:VitusDREAM: (BY THE ANCESTORS!? IS THAT CIBS SEVERED HEAD!?)
:JourneyDREAM: (…well, crap.)
>>
No. 641508 ID: 9ddf68

>BY THE ANCESTORS!? IS THAT CIBS SEVERED HEAD!
Vitus, I need you to listen to me. I need you to take that into my apartment, LOCK. THE. DOOR., and call the peace keepers and let them know what happened. Given the note I believe he's still alive just... body-less. Call me again once the peace keepers get there.

we can let him in from here right?
>>
No. 641510 ID: e114bc

>>641507
Great exodus... that was in a message sent to Tr'ak. The Living Arc refers to something Tr'ak was involved in as well. We don't know exactly what those phrases mean but them together along with what we've encountered seems to imply that the ARC robots are involved in something drastic that also involves SAIs leaving en masse. Or anti-SAI organics being forced to leave.

Now, if it was spelled ARK then it would imply they are just all going to leave and only those loyal to the movement could come with.
>>
No. 641511 ID: 60700b

>>641508
This, and don't forget your cylinder.
PAC can also help when needed.
>>
No. 641514 ID: 334db2

Vitus, Call up Cib, shui, Shilse, everyone. I'm getting you all put into protective custody the first chance I get.

I've heard of ARC robots, And 'grand exodus' was referenced in one of Tr'ak's internal e-mails, but nothing on specifics. And I hope you don't mind I have to eat some of this stuff, it's doctors orders.
>>
No. 641515 ID: e114bc

>>641507
Oh right, as for Cib... I find it strange that he can survive without power but the K55P bot could not. If he is alive in there then we should see what he has to say. Keep the general peacekeeper forces out of it however. Cib might have something to say we would rather be kept secret.
>>
No. 641521 ID: 334db2

>>641514
I meant Susan, not Cib.
>>
No. 641540 ID: ea0ad9

>“insert the battery into the spine”?
Hopefully he's still alive, then, just powered down. Pac, please send somebody over to assist.
Victus, please contact Susan and ask her to come over. She'll need to know.
>>641510
Can't tell spelling, it's a conversation.
Other than that, that's a pretty good way of looking at it. ARC is the term for the new robots, so a Living Arc sounds like a sentient one, but the Grand Exodus? Is there some big journal by SAI benefactors to help Unlicensed SAI be freed?
>>
No. 641628 ID: 27c0e0

Ah na mutha fucka you just fuck up now, now you gone dun pissed me off!!
Well let's call his sister before we bring him on line, comfort him as he may be panicky of grumpy, then see if he has any information.

Why do bad guys not realize that killing or hurting friends and family of the protagonist doesn't scar them it just make them angry and more determined.
>>
No. 641839 ID: 65a774
File 143223205510.png - (22.00KB , 900x450 , 72.png )
641839

:JourneyDREAM: Vitus, you need to listen to me very carefully… I need you to go into my apartment...
:VitusDREAM: I’m a-already in y-your apartment…
:JourneyDREAM: Then I’ll need you to lock the door.
:VitusDREAM: Err… it… i-it just locked itself…
:PACDREAM: I already locked it for you.
:JourneyDREAM: And call t-
:PACDREAM: I already notified the Peace keepers of this.
:JourneyDREAM: Oh… then… um… stay put, alright?
:VitusDREAM: Y-yeah…

:JourneyDREAM: …oh, and call the others, they n-
:PACDREAM: Actually, I would recommend keeping this event discreet for now. Making anyone panic needlessly is not necessary right now.
:JourneyDREAM: …but… they need protection! Can’t we put them in protective custody or something?
:PACDREAM: Already sent a request… and it’s already been granted. Apparently, knowing who these “terrorist” might target is quite a point of interest for the force right now. They’ll send the very best to protect them soon… protect them in secret, of course.
:JourneyDREAM: …You’re going to use them as bait!?
:PACDREAM: …no, not exactly. Um… only kind of?
:JourneyDREAM: Ugh…
:VitusDREAM: Um… was I supposed to hear that?

:JourneyDREAM: No, just… um… I don’t know, just stay calm, alright? He’s probably still alive… I hope… just powered down or something…
:VitusDREAM: Powered- oh, yeah, the message…
:JourneyDREAM: Yes, given the note I believe he’s still alive, just… body-less.
:VitusDREAM: Huh… there’s a battery in the box too…
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… wait, can he survive without power?
:PACDREAM: If is main power source is removed he will shut down, yes, but so far you’ve only seen his head. Just because organic creatures have the most vital parts in their heads doesn’t mean a SAI will have too. In fact, I know for certain his main core is in his chest and not his head.
:JourneyDREAM: So… his body might still be powered?
:CB11DREAM: -Rgregsss! Finally! Some eyes! Now, where are you bastards that- oh, hello Vitus.
:VitusDREAM: CIB! You’re alright!?
:CB11DREAM: Well… I think my body might be dumped in a trash container or something and those bastards that did this messed up all my communication devices… I’ve kind of been blind, deaf and mute for the last few hours… luckily I still got a lot of games uploaded inside me…
:JourneyDREAM: CIB!? Who did this to you!? Do you remember anything!?
:CB11DREAM: Err… well… I… can’t exactly… say… um… I remember leaving that meeting… being escorted by someone? Someone I trusted? I think… it might have been a peace keeper or something?
:JourneyDREAM: …a peace keeper?
:CB11DREAM: Oh, and I remember something else too… err… well, actually, I think someone left a message for you. “Clot, you and your vine brothers will be cleansed in the coming purifying fire! Stop your investigation or next time we’ll burn one of your loved ones, amoeba. .. love and kisses, the Pure Ones.”
:VitusDREAM: …love and kisses?
:CB11DREAM: Indeed… I’m not making that up.
:JourneyDREAM: …wait, it wasn’t sent by the NWO?
:CB11DREAM: …the who?
:JourneyDREAM: Never mind, just… call Susan or something and get Cibs body back, alright?
:VitusDREAM: Right. Yeah, I can do that.
:PACDREAM: I’ll make sure we retrieve his body.
:CibDREAM: It! Its body!
:PACDREAM: “its body”.


>Great exodus... that was in a message sent to Tr'ak.
:EliDREAM: There’s been a few internal messages around here mentioning that, correct.
>The Living Arc refers to something Tr'ak was involved in as well.
:EliDREAM: He was? Interesting… do you know anything else?
>ARC is the term for the new robots, so a Living Arc sounds like a sentient one.
:EliDREAM: …that is a possibility, yes… but that’s pure speculation on your part?
:JourneyDREAM: Um… kind off?
>but the Grand Exodus? Is there some big journal by SAI benefactors to help Unlicensed SAI be freed?
:EliDREAM: As far as I know there’s no journal or text about something like that, no.
>Something that involves SAIs leaving en masse? Or anti-SAI organics being forced to leave?
:EliDREAM: …so I take it you don’t know what I is either?
:JourneyDREAM: Well, not exactly…
:EliDREAM: Because I need something more than just speculation.

>Now, if it was spelled ARK then it would imply they are just all going to leave and only those loyal to the movement could come with.
:EliDREAM: What, you mean the SAIs would hijack a ship and just sail away? Maybe create a new robot nation somewhere?
:CkskDREAM: Interestingly, as they aren’t represented by any central government, by Unity law they should actually be able to just form their own nation if they had enough members to do so…
:EliDREAM: Wait… seriously? They can just sail away and say that their ship is a new nation?
:CkskDREAM: Oh no, not at all. But if they gather somewhere around a 500 000 SAIs and built a functional colony on an uninhabited planet somewhere, they would be able to proclaim themselves independent… Of course, building a functional colony take years…
:EliDREAM: Not to mention the costs… no matter, let’s not start discussing such farfetched theories. Now, the food will be here any moment, so sit down and enjoy yourselves.
:JourneyDREAM: I hope you don’t mind if I eat some of this too… doctors’ orders, you know.
:EliDREAM: Ah, of course not… dig in. Hmm… actually, before we dine, do you know why I asked you about those phrases?
:JourneyDREAM: No…?
:EliDREAM: See, we have a bit of a problem. Some… tools have been stolen from us and those phrases was used in messages planning those events.
:JourneyDREAM: Stolen?
:EliDREAM: We might know where they’ve been taken but… they are probably located in a uninhabitable location of the station… a location that we at Sol Corp does not have legal access too.
:JourneyDREAM: …so you want me to investigate?
:EliDREAM: Correct. Do you have time for that?
>>
No. 641843 ID: 9ddf68

might as well. Also quick question, does everyone working for you have knowledge of where all of Sol corp's blind spots are on the station or do only a select group of people? Because seeing how things are turning up whoever this guy or guys are they seem to have this station mapped out seeing as they're finding and using ever hole both in the station and in security to move around undetected and get away with this crap. Oh and I highly doubt you'll answer this one but could "theoretically" could someone be influenced by the nanobots used by your new robots? Only asking because in some of my off hours apparently someone slipped me some and I only found out because my PAC unit noticed them when they made me feel a brief but very strong anger.
>>
No. 641847 ID: ea0ad9

>Correct. Do you have time for that?
It's something I'd be willing to do, but I'll need permission to, still. Pac?
>>
No. 641857 ID: e114bc

Ask what Eli would do if there WERE a sapient ARC robot. Or robots.
>>
No. 641860 ID: 334db2

>Clot, you and your vine brothers will be cleansed in the coming purifying fire!
Is this another movement that's been coopted?
> being escorted by someone? Someone I trusted? I think… it might have been a peace keeper or something?
Crap, do memory scramblers work on SAI's too? Journey, you need to start thinking about what to do if there really are conspirators in the peacekeepers. You could be set up to take a fall.

> Do you have time for that?
I'd like to, but I couldn't fight my way out of a wet paper bag right now. Would those tools include a multicolored cube that transfers AI from one body to another?
>>
No. 641865 ID: e114bc

Well it's also possible Cib was being escorted by a hologram.
>>
No. 642060 ID: ea0ad9

>Crap, do memory scramblers work on SAI's too?
I doubt it, but you can corrupt a computer's drives.
>>
No. 642097 ID: 6abeb1

>building a functional colony take years…
But they're robots , they don't have the same needs as organics.

Earlier i brought up the idea that all AIs are a little sentient, if this is true then would they not hide it for fear of being destroyed? i mean PAC could be sentient and just be hiding it and denying that its possible to ensure the safety of all AIs.

And finally, HOLY SHIT ITS ULTRON, one of the ARC AIs has secretly become somewhat sentient and is manipulating several violent groups to achieve its own ends of destroying everything it deems impure.
>>
No. 642107 ID: 65a774
File 143231478537.png - (21.40KB , 900x450 , 73.png )
642107

>Is this another movement that's been coopted?
You’ve never heard about these “The Pure” before… nor can you find anything about them in the peace keeper data base.
>Earlier I brought up the idea that all AIs are a little sentient, if this is true then would they not hide it for fear of being destroyed?
Wouldn’t that mean that they all would need to be stupidly altruistic? You know that an AI like PAC would have a much better life it came out as a SAI then trying to hide it, which means that even if one of them didn’t think about their whole “species”, the whole charade would be toasted.
>You need to start thinking about what to do if there really are conspirators in the peacekeepers. You could be set up to take a fall.
You need to try to find out who you can and cannot trust… it’s possible that someone you’ve already met is conspirators trying to… do whatever they are trying to do.

>Crap, do memory scramblers work on SAI's too?
:PACDREAM: Of course not, but there’s other ways to mess with SAIs memoires. For example, I believe I mentioned that hitting those Deus Machina goons with your stun rod would remove some of their short term memoires… maybe Cib had the same fate as them?
>But they're robots , they don't have the same needs as organics.
:PACDREAM: While they don’t have the same needs as organics, they still have needs. In fact, they require a rather large infrastructure to remain functional over long periods of time… this goes double if they are in a hostile environment like an uncolonized planetoid.

:JourneyDREAM: Hmmm… it’s something I’m willing to do, especially if it’s connected to my current case, but I’ll need permission too… PAC?
:PACDREAM: I’ll fill in a request right away, Jo.
:JourneyDREAM: …did these tools include a multicolored cube that transfers AI from one body to another?
:EliDREAM: Several, in fact. Why?
:JourneyDREAM: I’ve already found one of them in tr’ak’s possession.
:EliDREAM: Interesting…
:JourneyDREAM: Oh, and a quick question, who knows about all of Sol corps blind spots?
:EliDREAM: Hard to say, as it’s possible to know parts of them. After all, there are rules we need to follow considering cameras and anyone can look up those laws, can’t they?
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… and a question about those Nano mach-
:EliDREAM: I can’t answer that and you know it, Jo.
:JourneyDREAM: Ah, of course… then… what about SAIs? If one of the ARCs were sapient, what would you do?
:EliDREAM: Sadly, there are laws and the will of the stock holders that I need to follow. There’s nothing to it… if I personally knew that one of them had gone SAI I would need to make sure it was deactivated properly.

:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… clearly, there’s only one explanation for all this! One of the ARC AIs has secretly become somewhat sentient and is manipulating several violent groups to achieve its own ends of destroying everything it deems impure!
:EliDREAM: That… sounds very, very unlikely…
:CkskDREAM: I do believe that’s the plot of a recent movie, is it not?
:JourneyDREAM: Well, err…
:CkskDREAM: Might I be so bold and advice you to focus less on… that kind of entertainment and instead follow the clues left in reality?
:JourneyDREAM: …but they are pointing toward that… and it would be so fracking cool.
:CkskDREAM: Mmm, yes, “fracking cool”… sadly life is generally rather mundane… most of the time, at least.
:EliDREAM: Cool or not, I still require some kind of evidence before I can believe such a farfetched theory.
>>
No. 642113 ID: e114bc

>>642107
I don't think Sam is hostile. I think LEX is the ringleader. It's a SAI and is working with other ARC SAIs to stage a revolt. It may have even sabotaged the SAI-detection algorithm. I'm guessing Sam and maybe one or two other SAIs in Sol Corp don't want to be part of the revolt and LEX is trying to get them new bodies.

There's no clear evidence of this however. It's mostly a hunch, based on the fact that LEX sortof acted like a SAI but wouldn't admit it. Only reason for that is if LEX wanted to stay where it is.

Anyway, tell her you have no evidence that any of the ARC robots are hostile SAIs. Also yeah we really don't know what Living Arc and Grand Exodus mean. (Should've asked Sam when we had private time!) Is there anything else she wanted to talk to you about? Oh, we are pretty certain at this point that Tr'ak was killed by his K55P bot, by the way. We just don't know exactly why- it looks like it may have been because he was going to get the bot a new body but backed out of it for some reason.
>>
No. 642119 ID: 334db2

> That… sounds very, very unlikely…
I just uncovered a conspiracy and got attacked for the second time in as many days, my paranoia has already been vindicated.
>I do believe that’s the plot of a recent movie, is it not?
ooh, Really? I didn't know I had such taste in plot-making.

Anyway we know that someone is manipulating these groups- we had the entire 'Deus Machina' cell in custody when that threat they supposedly made went public. The Uredo who attacked me and the threat that just landed on my door were both... let's say 'nationalist' in tone, but they're inconsistent with each other- the merc was pro-uredo, the other was anti-uredo and anti-cibic. Now the question is, how deep does this go? Are the conspirators manipulating radical groups, or impersonating them?

>I believe I mentioned that hitting those Deus Machina goons with your stun rod would remove some of their short term memories… maybe Cib had the same fate as them?
Lovely, so it was a police officer. Could someone have impersonated us? PAC, was an officer assigned to protect Cib? I suspect Dreamer of freedom is at fault for this, somehow.
>>
No. 642121 ID: e114bc

OH! We do have "proof" that one of the ARC robots is a SAI. Tell her about the nanobot message. It won't tell her which robot is the SAI, so Sam will be safe. She won't dig too deep to find him if we convince her the ARC robots aren't the threat. After all they're shut down most of the time and have no access to outside communications.

Speaking of which, do another scan to see if more nanobots are on you.
>>
No. 642309 ID: e71e4e

Hey Ka Ka Ka Kaktus you forgot to get rid of the reflection of the lizard chick.
>>
No. 642321 ID: 334db2

Let's only tell them about theories we have physical evidence to support.
>>
No. 642353 ID: 65a774
File 143240349475.png - (22.73KB , 900x450 , 74.png )
642353

>Do another scan to see if more nanobots are on you.
:PACDREAM: I’m sorry, I can’t do that. You need to be wearing your suit if I’m supposed to be able to detect something that small. Unless it tries to connect with one of your augmentations, I’m rather blind when it comes to your insides right now.
>I don't think Sam is hostile. I think LEX is the ringleader. It's a SAI and is working with other ARC SAIs to stage a revolt.
:PACDREAM: I must apologize, but that theory does not hold water. There’s a reason why all SAI machines have smaller, singular bodies. Apparently, gaining sentience and emotions brings some mental instabilities with it… making them unsuited for a job like LEXs or mine.
>It's mostly a hunch, based on the fact that LEX sort of acted like a SAI but wouldn't admit it.
:PACDREAM: It’s amazing what we AI can do even when following every order you give us. We are, after all, only doing what you made us to do.

>Lovely, so it was a police officer. Could someone have impersonated us? PAC, was an officer assigned to protect Cib?
:PACDREAM: We did send four officers to keep an eye on their meeting locale… and some of them did escort some of the SAIs home, but none of them followed Cib. It seems like whoever did this is not part of the force, even if it want us to believe so.
>I suspect Dreamer of freedom is at fault for this, somehow.
:PACDREAM: Please, accusing an follow officer is a serious statement. You need some solid evidence before we would even consider something like that.
>Let's only tell them about theories we have physical evidence to support.
:PACDREAM: That would be prudent, yes.


:JourneyDREAM: Oh, wait… we do have proof that one of the ARCs are a SAI! The Nanomachine! Send over the data, PAC!
:PACDREAM: Err… well, I can do that, but-
:JourneyDREAM: See, solid proof!
:EliDREAM:
:PACDREAM: Jo… the only thing I have is a small string of characters. I don’t have anything to prove that it was a Nanomachine, let alone that it came from an ARC… or that the ARC was sentient.
:JourneyDREAM: …oh…
:EliDREAM: A part of me is starting to regret putting you on this case… do you have anything of use?

:JourneyDREAM: Well… I’ve been attacked… twice, I might add… so I have to be making some progress…
:EliDREAM: Hmm… so you say…
:JourneyDREAM: Okay, so I don’t have evidence that one of the ARCs gone SAI… nor do I know exactly what Living Arc or Grand Exodus means… but… um… I do know that someone… or something is manipulating groups of extremists on this station.
:EliDREAM: Oh?
:JourneyDREAM: For example, we already had the whole Deus Machina cell in our custody when that bomb threat came through… and so far I’ve gotten death threats from two different, probably speciest, factions and I’ve been attacked by two other factions.
:EliDREAM: …so, there’s several sides to this conflict… but how does Tr’ak come into everything?
:JourneyDREAM: We do know for a fact that Tr’ak was killed by his K55P bot.
:EliDREAM: What!? Why would she kill him? I’ve heard that they were like brother and sister. Of course, I’ve also heard that she was a rather new SAI, so her emotions might have gone haywire… still, do you know why she would go rampant?
:JourneyDREAM: I’m not… …sure… wait…

Your feel your ectoplasm start itching… as the feeling that there’s something you’ve missed washes over you…

:EliDREAM: What is it?
:JourneyDREAM: I just… got a feeling that I know… It’s… it’s right on the surface of my brain… I just need to think.
:EliDREAM: …so, you have evidence that points to K55P motive?
:PACDREAM: …going through what we’ve found so far would be prudent right now, Jo.
>>
No. 642484 ID: 334db2

> …oh…
Put a filter on it. We can't cry wolf all day and then expect people to believe the evidence we put forward. Especially when we DON'T HAVE ANY EVIDENCE.

> do you know why she would go rampant?
K55P at one point said 'He didn’t think I would find out? That Fucking son of a bitch, how can he do this to us!?'. It's possible she didn't know Tr'ak was selling data to a third party, got upset, and things escalated into violence. However it's possible they were silent the last time they worked on the ARC because they both knew they were out of options, so something else angered her. Maybe she knew they needed to sell the data, but didn't know it was to a terrorist group? Either way, after she saw what she did, she tried to cover it up and realized she couldn't get away any other way.
>>
No. 642485 ID: 334db2

I almost forgot, K55P left behind a note on one of the ARCs, but it was taken away, likely by a janitor, as there were the remains of a garbage bag or plastic glove left behind. Is there any way it can be recovered?
>>
No. 642574 ID: 825af6

Dang, this is a hell of a spread Eli's staff have served up. What the heck is this huge roast beast even? And what is that heap of... whatever in front of Cksk? And look at all these drinks! ...Oh, don't forget you're technically still on duty, so no alcohol.

>We did send four officers to keep an eye on their meeting locale… and some of them did escort some of the SAIs home, but none of them followed Cib. It seems like whoever did this is not part of the force, even if it want us to believe so.
Okay, so what do the cameras say when they track Cib? Presumably Cib took the stairs 'cause of the anti-SAI picketers outside the tram station, so did Cib enter a blind spot in or on the way to or from the stairwell? You have to assume Cib did enter a blind spot and didn't exit, so who can PAC see that entered and exited that spot after Cib entered? And were there any other ways out of it such as garbage chutes or maintenance accesses?

Could there also be the possibility that somebody made a fake Peacekeeper suit to approach Cib in? You'd think there's systems in place to auto-detect if a PK suit isn't legit, but you aren't sure. And also ask PAC to count up the officers that appear on camera to make sure that there's only four and that they match with the species of the officers on record as keeping an eye on the meeting. If a unaccounted for fifth one shows up then you know there was an impostor.

>Please, accusing an follow officer is a serious statement. You need some solid evidence before we would even consider something like that.
It's also be next to impossible for an officer to do such things while on duty since they have a PAC unit looking over their proverbial shoulder the whole time... They do, don't they? They can't request privacy while on duty, right? And they often have their PAC watching over them during their off-hours, as your experience with your own PAC unit shows. Now, if they were off duty and had requested privacy from their PAC, then perhaps they could have approached Cib to offer to escort it. However, out of uniform that'd only work if Cib already knew they were a Peacekeeper... Unless Peacekeepers can go off duty while keeping their uniforms on and can request privacy from their PAC at the same time. Anyway, this is all speculation, but can you still pull a list of those officers who had their privacy mode engaged at the time Cib was taken to narrow down the possibilities?

Oh, also, don't PK stun rods log every time they're used and the officer has to account every one of them? If so then if you find a stun rod with a log that either doesn't have a matching explanation from the officer or has one listed as an accidental discharge in the time frame Cib was accosted then you may have found the stun rod used on it.

...Wait. Something doesn't jive with what Cib said. It said that its assailants messed up all its communication devices, right? So how was it communicating with its severed head? Does PAC have an explanation for that? Well, whether or not there is a solid explanation, request that one of the AI or computer forensic techs thoroughly go over Cib's hardware and software before letting it go. It's possible whoever attacked Cib left more than a message behind in the form of a hardware or software surveillance bug or worse.

>Jo… the only thing I have is a small string of characters. I don’t have anything to prove that it was a Nanomachine, let alone that it came from an ARC… or that the ARC was sentient.
Wait, what? You'll agree with the latter two, but how can it say the former when your earlier PAC unit outright said it detected that it was a nanomachine that delivered the encrypted message. You even asked how it detected and identified the nanite as a nanite and it said it could with your foreign substances detector implant when the nanite attempted to interface with your comm implant. So why is your current PAC unit saying that you have nothing that proves that it was a nanomachine?

Even though the source of the message in the nanite is unknown, the fact that a nanite, and presumably many more of them, got out there is enough to raise concern. And since Sol Corp is the only organization you know of on New Horizon working on nanites then it means one way or another they originated from here. Whether they were stolen and programmed outside or in here, you do not know, but either way somebody is misusing them.

>…so, you have evidence that points to K55P motive?
You don't have conclusive evidence of the K55P's, but you have evidence that may lead to her motive. She shortly visited ARC unit SMA13 not long before going to Tr'ak's apartment, and in that visit she sounded furious. You don't need to say yourself what the K55P said since LEX can show Eli the security camera video it showed you, minus the censoring. Unfortunately the K55P did not say Tr'ak's name, only "he," so it's not conclusive that what she said was about Tr'ak. It sounds likely, but you're not going to assume. But the important bit that you need to follow is the envelope she stuck in SMA13's leg where she punched a chip out of its plating. For some reason LEX denied your request for the security camera video of who took the envelope, but Eli should be able to order LEX to show her just who it was who took it, if not show you as well. And on top of that Eli can request that LEX track the K55P back to where and when the K55P decided to ARC unit SMA13, as well as where she got the envelope from.

There was also that note in Tr'ak's office waste basket that read "Remember: Park, Savior, need cash, sell bot." The first two parts match with the location of the Deus Machina dead drop and the name #693 AED used on the tablet left there. But why would Tr'ak put a note that he needs cash on a reminder where he was going to trade for 'bot bodies when he would need the cash to buy 'bot bodies? And "sell bot" you thought was selling the ARC leg data, but maybe it meant he was going to sell a whole bot? Maybe sell SAIs? But he was so pro-SAI that he would never do that, would he? He couldn't have been in deep enough money trouble to even consider doing that, right? Or maybe the note wasn't written by Tr'ak, but for Tr'ak and it was given to him. It does make more sense if it came from #693 AED, though in that case why Tr'ak would hold onto the note for so long you don't know. You'll need to have the note brought out for forensic analysis to try and determine if Tr'ak wrote it or not and enter it into evidence, so would Eli agree to allow you to do that? You can get a warrant for it otherwise.

Tell Eli that Tr'ak was renting a storage container that was found to contain three "junker" 'bot bodies he built himself and that were ready to accept AIs, along with parts to build more. This was also the container that the fanatical Uredo supremacist that wounded you was trying to get into. Now, you don't know why Tr'ak was dealing with the Deus Machina for two 'bot bodies when he'd cobbled together three working ones already.

You do know that Tr'ak removed a AI transfer core from company property without authorization the day he was killed, and that the K55P left company property without authorization. Both of these LEX sent a automated message to Tr'ak about, warning him that if no explanation was given within a day it'd be reported. Given that Tr'ak didn't even try to cover up taking a AI transfer core makes you think it was done on short notice and that he wasn't planning on coming back. But that doesn't make any sense when he didn't even have the 'bot shell for the K55P yet.

Your best guess as to what went down in Tr'ak's apartment is that Tr'ak wanted the K55P to transfer to the AI transfer core, she refused for... some reason and got so angry she strangled him... And then tried to stage it as a suicide and committed suicide herself for what she did. Gah, it's all so bloody vague! No clear reason for why she did it! Just a load of speculation! This is infuriating!

Check if SAIs or AIs can be transfered from one AI transfer core to another without being placed in a intermediate body.

Ask PAC if the lock on Tr'ak's rented storage container logged when it was opened. 'Cause if it did then you want PAC to check the warehouse entry camera for around the times that the container was opened to see if just Tr'ak came there or if somebody else also showed up. Perhaps more than one person had access to the container, or Tr'ak brought somebody else along.

Ask PAC to list all the possible ways that the message warning you off the case you got yesterday could have gotten to you without any trace at all. Was it picked up from the station comm network or what? Could it have been delivered by a nanite?

Also ask PAC if the video from the storage unit taken from the warehouse has been recovered yet. In addition to getting a clear shot of the holo-drone buyer you'll want it reviewed to determine if the buyer moved like a 'bot or a biological.

Ask Eli who was granting and denying the requests to made to LEX when you were in the Sol Corp offices earlier; You assume that's what was happening when LEX paused after you asked. You figure it was Eli, but you want to know for sure it was her and the approval authorizations didn't come from somewhere unknown.

And ask why Cksk is sticking around. He said before he was here for "some legal queries with madam Eli," so why is he still here listening in on your lunch meeting with her? Did Eli hire him as her personal legal council or what? Should you even be saying what you've said in front of him?

There's a few loose ends you never followed up on. Like who wrote the note that led you to the BTLs Tr'ak rented and why the K55P was holding it at all when it committed suicide. Was the handwriting on it similar to Tr'ak's or the K55P's? Was there traces of the same type of ink or pencil used on the note on either of their hands? Did the note match any notepad you've come across? Was the K55P holding it as a clue for whoever found its body? But if that was the case it couldn't count on it being found before the BTLs were taken.

Another loose end is you didn't check if the K55P could remove its own black box recorder, and if so if it required tools or not. You also didn't ask if 'bots go into lockdown while their black box is removed, similar to if one tried to off itself; You'd think they would be legally required to be designed to for liability or safety reasons. And if they do go into lockdown, then the K55P had to have removed its black box while on the roof of the tram and thrown it away, meaning it may still be in the tram tunnels somewhere along the route the tram took.

You also never questioned why Tr'ak would tell #693 AED the whole ID numbers of the two SAI he was trying to rescue, especially when one of them was a prototype ARC unit. It's info that he not only didn't need to share but gives away just who he was trying to smuggle out, which is something he should know never to share with the Deus Machina in case they were snapped up by the cops or their comms compromised.

And then there's the question of why Tr'ak would shut off his medical alert implant right before meeting with K55P in his apartment. Shutting off his comm implant and anything that could record the meeting would make some kind of sense, in case they were hacked or otherwise compromised, but not his health monitor and medical alert implants.
>>
No. 642581 ID: e114bc

>>642353
I think PAC just outright stated you don't have to be a SAI to perform independent actions. I assume it means AIs can do unintended things by interpreting orders in unexpected ways, or by making logical leaps in order to complete assigned tasks in unexpected ways. I wonder if we can use this to our advantage? Can we order PAC to do open-ended tasks? Like say, "minimize the number of intentional deaths of sapients, SAI or organic or otherwise"? What is PAC's priority tree, anyway?

>>642574
Well, review what happened at the crime scene now that we know what we know. The insignia was up in a plant. It must have been thrown there during a scuffle. The scratch on it may have been caused during the scuffle as well.

The insignia is not well known, so it's possible the K55P bot thought it represented an organization that Tr'ak was betraying it to, like a double agent or whatever. Or maybe the orgy club thing just pushed the bot over the edge.
>>
No. 642658 ID: f9082f

Maybe it was and I.Robot thing, where she killed herself to draw attention to something that was happening, or maybe the nanite project is further along then was thought and someone used a like a prototype-esque nanite to influence K55P to make her angry of even suicidal?

And forgive all the crazy conspiracy theories and wild jumps to conclusions, it helps take our minds of the fact that someone is trying to kill us and our friends. Also i think you should up your personal security.

can we have PAC do searches for Isaac Asimov and Philip K. Dick. Hey Kaktus am I going to deep into the whole meta-philosophical-psychological aspects of sentients and sapients
>>
No. 642685 ID: 65a774
File 143249437832.png - (23.72KB , 900x450 , 75.png )
642685

>I think PAC just outright stated you don't have to be a SAI to perform independent actions.
You know for a fact that most AIs are generally more intelligent than most people expects… and more stupid too. There’s more than one case where an AI has done some strange things when following orders, even though it must do some strange leaps of logic to reach these conclusions.
>Dang, this is a hell of a spread Eli's staff have served up.
You have no mouth and you must drool.
>What the heck is this huge roast beast even?
According to your mods, this is some kind of giant worm from the desert planet Arraka. It’s apparently a real treat combined with some of the stronger spices. Of course, as they currently near extinction, this specimen was probably cultivated elsewhere.
>And what is that heap of... whatever in front of Cksk?
It’s some kind of plant with ruby colored fruits. You guess you’re supposed to pick them directly from the plant itself?
> ...Oh, don't forget you're technically still on duty, so no alcohol.
Luckily, they seem to have several non-alcoholic options.

>What is PAC's priority tree, anyway?
:PACDREAM: My priority tree is very complex, officer. Do not worry, the wellbeing of everyone on this station is one of my top ones.
>Put a filter on it. We can't cry wolf all day and then expect people to believe the evidence we put forward.
:PACDREAM: I concur, if we keep giving her wild theories, she might not accept the true ones.
>Okay, so what do the cameras say when they track Cib?
:PACDREAM: Cameras don’t talk… nor have they seen Cib leave the locale where he had that meeting. This require further investigation.
>Could there also be the possibility that somebody made a fake Peacekeeper suit to approach Cib in?
:PACDREAM: That would indeed be possible… of course, if they actually walked into a real peace keeper patrol, they would quickly detect the fake one and arrest it.
>Ask PAC to count up the officers that appear on camera to make sure that there's only four and that they match with the species of the officers on record.
:PACDREAM: … … …There are six officers that enter the private area where the locale was located… two of them, two sakkilians, should not be there. I’ve also found them leaving… one of them carrying a box the same size of the one you got earlier today… and the other carrying a large trash bag. I’m going to guess we just found where Cib disappeared to yesterday.

>Putting their PAC unit on private mode?
:PACDREAM: Your PAC unit can be put on private mod if you’re off duty and not wearing your suit. In fact, you should never wear your suit when you’re off duty without a proper reason… the same goes for wearing it while on duty.
>Can you still pull a list of those officers who had their privacy mode engaged?
:PACDREAM: I’m sorry, I cannot do that.
>Don't PK stun rods log every time they're used and the officer has to account every one of them?
:PACDREAM: That, on the other hand, I can… …there were no registered uses of a stun rod at the time Cib was attacked. It seems like it wasn’t a peace keeper stun rod that did the deed.
>It said that its assailants messed up all its communication devices, right? So how was it communicating with its severed head?
:PACDREAM: Many SAI, Cib included, have bodies with special, priority receivers installed in their main body parts. That way they can be sure that they can communicate with their whole body, even if a part would be lost. Of course, the problem is that these receivers are only usable for internal communication and not built to be able to contact other systems.
>Whether or not there is a solid explanation, request that one of the AI or computer forensic techs thoroughly go over Cib's hardware and software before letting it go.
:PACDREAM: They are already doing that, Jo. He’s almost whole again, too.

>Why is your current PAC unit saying that you have nothing that proves that it was a nanomachine?
:PACDREAM: Because the data I received from scanning the nanomachine is not enough to actually prove it was one. I simply came to the conclusion thanks to other factors. We have no actual proof that it was any kind of real nanomachine and not, let’s say, a bug in your communication mod. Besides, data taken by an AI like that is never enough proof to be used in a court of law.
>Check if SAIs or AIs can be transferred from one AI transfer core to another without being placed in an intermediate body.
:PACDREAM: AIs can be transferred between cores, yes, but AIs can’t be transferred between bodies unless they are both of the same model and one is empty.
>Ask PAC if the lock on Tr'ak's rented storage container logged when it was opened.
:PACDREAM: We’re still working on retrieving that data.
>Ask PAC to list all the possible ways that the message warning you off the case you got yesterday could have gotten to you without any trace at all.
:PACDREAM: There are too many to list. If you know how, it’s not hard to get off an anonyms message.
>Also ask PAC if the video from the storage unit taken from the warehouse has been recovered yet.
:PACDREAM: They are looking at it right now… apparently, you friend the deus machina bot with a walking problem is back.
>Another loose end is you didn't check if the K55P could remove its own black box recorder, and if so if it required tools or not.
:PACDREAM: …we still don’t know exactly how she accomplished that, ma’am.
>Can we have PAC do searches for Isaac Asimov and Philip K. Dick.
:PACDREAM: …I can’t find any re- no wait, there’s a mention of an Isaac Asimov here… apparently he was an author from before the fall of the humans home planet but not much more is known about him. Why do you ask?
:JourneyDREAM: I… don’t know…


>K55P left behind a note on one of the ARCs, but it was taken away. Is there any way it can be recovered?
:EliDREAM: A note, you say? LEX, find whoever took that note and bring it here… both the note and the person.
:LEXDREAM: As you wish.

>K55P at one point said 'He didn’t think I would find out? That Fucking son of a bitch, how can he do this to us!?'.
:EliDREAM: …is that true?
:LEXDREAM: I have it recorded.
:EliDREAM: Interesting, that sound like the first steps toward going rampant…
>There was also that note in Tr'ak's office waste basket that read "Remember: Park, Savior, need cash, sell bot."
:EliDREAM: Sell bot? Which bot? K55P?
:JourneyDREAM: I think it meant the stolen data about the ARCs.
>You'll need to have the note brought out for forensic analysis to try and determine if Tr'ak wrote it or not and enter it into evidence, so would Eli agree to allow you to do that?
:PACDREAM: Err… we already have the note in our possession. Remember, you picked it up, Jo.
:JourneyDREAM: Oh, right. Then analyze the shit out of it!
:PACDREAM: Scanning… I’ve found some points of interest. First, I was able to lift one of Tr’aks claw prints from the note. I was also able to detect a mark made by a mechanical hand, probably K55Ps… and an small print made by someone wearing gloves. It was either a Human, Sakkilian or Serpens.
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… so Tr’ak wrote the note… and K55P found it… but who is the last one?
:PACDREAM: There’s also another thing. The first part of the note, “Park, Savior, need cash, sell” is written with a different style the last part, “bot”. In fact, it seems like the word “data” has been erased before being replaced by the word bot.
:JourneyDREAM: Really? Now that’s interesting.

>Tell Eli that Tr'ak was renting a storage container that was found to contain three "junker" 'bot bodies he built himself and that were ready to accept AIs, along with parts to build more.
:EliDREAM: Hmm… so he had more SAI friends, then?
>Ask Eli who was granting and denying the requests to make to LEX when you were in the Sol Corp offices earlier.
:EdiDREAM: Indeed, I did allow some of your request to further this investigation along.
>And ask why Cksk is sticking around. Did Eli hire him as her personal legal counsel or what?
:EliDREAM: Please, do you really think I don’t already have an army of personal lawyers?
:CkskDREAM: Actually, I’m here to represent Tr’ak’kq’urk Qu’r’kkz relatives and close friends. Eli deemed that I should sit in on your debriefing as I already was in her office at the time anyway.
>I think you should up your personal security.
:EliDREAM: While I appreciate the concern, I’m probably the most guarded woman on this whole station, Jo.

>Who wrote the note that led you to the BTLs Tr'ak rented and why the K55P was holding it at all when it committed suicide.
:PACDREAM: The handwriting on that note does seem to fit with the writing on the note you found in Tr’ak’kq’urk Qu’r’kkz office. It’s probable that Tr’ak’kq’urk Qu’r’kkz wrote both of them.
>And then there's the question of why Tr'ak would shut off his medical alert implant right before
:PACDREAM: That’s already been answered. He had a special mod in his augmentation that closed of all recording data, including the medical one. It’s not recommended to have an mod like this, but it’s not illegal.


:UnknownKAK: Err… e-excuse me? Y-you wanted to s-see me?
:EliDREAM: …you’re the one who retrieved the note from the ARC?
:UnknownKAN: Y-yes… I mean… err… I… um… yes… h-here?
:PACDREAM: Scanning… … it’s a nice envelope addressed to an “Silia Zelte” and it got a nice, old fashioned wax seal bearing a symbol of a broken hourglass… within it there’s a note saying “I am sorry, but Trakky has betrayed us. I’ve found proof that he’s going to sell us off… I’ll go talk to him one last time, but if I don’t return, fear the worst.”. Analyzing… going by the perfectly done handwriting, a machine wrote this… probably a SAI.
:UnknownKAK: Err… so… um… c-c-can I go now?
>>
No. 642695 ID: e114bc

>>642685
>new bodies for AIs have to be the same model
...Oh my god. Run a search for robots with the same model as the ones in the crate! Narrow down the list to SAIs who have no papers. Then we'll know who Tr'ak was building bodies for. Also... if Tr'ak was really planning to save Sam, then... he would've had to somehow get his hands on an ARC robot body. Or at least, the parts that count for the transfer. Though... this also brings up a new mystery. How do robots transfer into new model bodies? We know Cib did it.

...wait, the seal is of the broken hourglass? That's the orgy club's logo! It's a FRONT! A front for a pro-SAI organization. I suppose that's our next big lead, isn't it? Also... it seems the K55P bot was fooled by the altered note, and we now have the motive for the murder. However, someone did that on purpose. Someone with access to his office, which means someone in Sol Corp knew what Tr'ak was doing and decided to sabotage his efforts in secret. I expect whoever it was was also planting other fake evidence to make Tr'ak's bot paranoid about him, because a single note like that shouldn't be enough to trigger rampancy. So... someone else was involved with the murder. I would like to see records of who entered Tr'ak's office during the time the note existed, up to the day this envelope was planted on the ARC bot. If possible we should compare handwriting of all possible suspects to the handwriting sample we have. Though, to be honest, one word isn't much for handwriting analysis. It'll probably just eliminate some of the suspects.

I'm... also curious as to why the K55P bot didn't believe Tr'ak. Did he just say something wrong when she came to talk to him? Maybe he denied selling anything at all, to avoid getting fired? Did she accuse him in a way that he misunderstood the accusation, and confessed to the wrong thing? Or was there something else that pushed it over the edge once it was there? We will probably never know the answers to these questions... thankfully they're not crucial to the case.
>>
No. 642698 ID: 334db2

Someone changed the note to say 'bot' instead of 'data' so K55P thought she was betrayed. She wrote the note and confronted Tr'ak. Tr'ak probably denied the accusations, causing K55P to flip out. She likely only realized her mistake when she saw the note pointing to the location of the data and killed herself out of grief.
> two of them, two sakkilians, should not be there.
Did one of them by any chance have a full metal head?

is 'Silia Zelte' on Solcorp payroll? looks like we may have to investigate the faux cult after all.
>>
No. 642928 ID: ea0ad9

>“I am sorry, but Trakky has betrayed us. I’ve found proof that he’s going to sell us off…
That's... Bizarre. The note would have had to have been changed between when Trak handled it and when the K55P did, for her to think that.
>Err… so… um… c-c-can I go now?
Inernal thought, here, but... Why are there three of them? One of each species PAC said could have left the mark? Way to throw paranoia into things.

Why wasn't the note brought forth until now? Betrayal in the company sounds like something to report, ASAP.
>is 'Silia Zelte' on Solcorp payroll?
On it or not... we can't exactly determine based on her real name if she was part of the orgy cult that used aliases.
>looks like we may have to investigate the faux cult after all.
Hopefully we'll no longer be so TINY after this meal, because it would be kind of... wrong looking for such a small person to be investigating. People would assume we're a kid. If we are still small, may as well pay Pallavi a visit.
>>
No. 643026 ID: ddaeae

>In fact, it seems like the word “data” has been erased before being replaced by the word bot.
Shit, someone tricked K55P into thinking Th'rakawhatever was going to betray them, but who knew? does the word bot resemble anybody's handwriting?

>I’m probably the most guarded woman on this whole station
We already suspect that there may be corruption/infiltration in the Peace keepers and espionage/secrets in Solcorp so just be sure the people you hired to watch your back wont stab you in it.

Silia Zelte is either and alias or an anagram.

>faux cult
Vitus you got som splanin to do.
>>
No. 643035 ID: 65a774
File 143257160628.png - (23.85KB , 900x450 , 76.png )
643035

>Hopefully we'll no longer be so TINY after this meal, because it would be kind of... wrong looking for such a small person to be investigating.
You’ve already gained a few centimeters. Of course, you’re nowhere close to your original size, but it’s getting better.
>Why are there three of them?
Two of them is clearly Sol Corp security, probably the guards that escorted that engineer here… wait, haven’t you seen her before? When you met Sam?

>Those two fake peace keepers, did one of them by any chance have a full metal head?
:PACDREAM: Sorry, but they are both wearing helmets at all times. I’ve also tried tracking them both before and after they’d met Cib, but I can only locate when they dispose of the “body” before disappearing into a private owned zone. You can add breaking and entering to their list of crimes.
>Run a search for robots with the same model as the ones in the crate! Narrow down the list to SAIs who has no papers. Then we'll know who Tr'ak was building bodies for.
:PACDREAM: … … …I cannot find anyone who fit that description. The bodies he made are a rather… unique model as he made them himself.
>How do robots transfer into new model bodies? We know Cib did it.
:PACDREAM: Oh, I must apologize, but it seems that you’ve misunderstood me. I meant that the machine bodies needs to be the same model if you move an AI directly between them. If you want to move them into a different model you need a portable AI core to route it through… you know, those colorful cubes.
>...wait, the seal is of the broken hourglass? That's the orgy club's logo! It's a FRONT!
:PACDREAM: ...that’s possible... or it’s just a coincidence. It’s hard to say.
>Vitus you got som splanin to do.
:PACDREAM: ...It’s possible he didn’t know? Or this is just some misunderstanding?
:JourneyDREAM: Or maybe he’s an secret assassin stalking me and waiting for the right time to strike.
:PACDREAM: …or maybe that… whatever you say…
>I suppose that's our next big lead, isn't it?
:PACDREAM: Either that or check out the place that Uredo who attacked you stayed. On that note, I’ve also found him visiting a private seedling / Cin farm for some reason.


:JourneyDREAM: I think we’ve found the motive then. Someone changed the note so K55P thought she was betrayed.
:EliDREAM: That does indeed seem to be the case… so in the end, this whole thing was just a big misunderstanding? Two people are dead because of what? A note?
:JourneyDREAM: I think someone must have changed it on purpose.
:EliDREAM: But whoever changed probably didn’t think it would lead to this… who in their right mind would?
:JourneyDREAM: Still… tragic misunderstanding or not, I want to find out who changed it.
:EliDREAM: …Tr’ak’s office is locked at all times… Only he and the one he shares his office with got the keys. That means either of them had to let whoever changed the note in themselves.
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… I have to think about who would have done it…

:JourneyDREAM: Oh, and do you have a Silia Zelte on your payroll?
:EliDREAM: I don’t know. LEX, do-
:SiliaDREAM: Errr… t-there’s no need… I’m S-Silia…
:JourneyDREAM: …why is your name on the envelope?
:SiliaDREAM: Well… err… see… it’s… um… I… k-kind of g-got that e-envelope earlier t-this week and… um… I guess I never t-threw it away?
:JourneyDREAM: Why haven’t you mentioned this before now?
:SiliaDREAM: Err… well… I found it just a f-few hours ago and… um… it w-was kind of a-addressed to me and… err… I d-didn’t really get it? I mean, I’ve never even heard about this Tr’ak’kq’urk Hiver before and… err… t-that’s a-about it, really…
:JourneyDREAM: … …really? Either way, you should really take heed, Eli. I’m already suspecting that there may be some kind of corruption or infiltration going on in both the peace keeper corps as well in Sol Corp.
:EliDREAM: As I said, I can take care of myself.
:JourneyDREAM: Oh, and this is… by far the most amazing, astounding meal I’ve ever had honor to grace myself with! IT’S FRACKING AWESOME!
:EliDREAM: …err… glad you liked it?
:JourneyDREAM: It’s like the most delicious meal married the most delicious drink of all time and had a bunch of smaller, even more delicious children… *drool*
:CkskDREAM: …how does that even work?
>>
No. 643060 ID: e114bc

>>643035
Well Silia is obviously lying. She had full access to Sam, and Tr'ak was working with Sam too. That means they had to have met. Also... the note calls him Trakky. How does she know his full name, hmm?

We know he shared his office with Nero. Either he changed the note, or he let in someone who he thought was friends with Tr'ak, who then changed the note. ...can we not do handwriting analysis? I want to see if the "bot" handwriting matches either Nero or Silia.
>>
No. 643085 ID: 334db2

> ...that’s possible... or it’s just a coincidence. It’s hard to say.
I'm not allowed to believe in coincidences... But I'll keep it in mind.
>Only he and the one he shares his office with got the keys. That means either of them had to let whoever changed the note in themselves.
Looks like we have another interview in our future.

Silia, are you familiar with the hourglass insignia? Where did you find the note? Did you work with K55P? Can I have some kind of information so I can contact you in the future?

> …how does that even work?
Deliciously.
>>
No. 643356 ID: 65a774
File 143266826458.png - (24.03KB , 900x450 , 77.png )
643356

:JourneyDREAM: Deliciously.
:CkskDREAM: …that doesn’t answer anything!

>We know he shared his office with Nero. Either he changed the note, or he let in someone who he thought was friends with Tr'ak, who then changed the note.
:PACDREAM: Then it’s clear that we need to talk to this Nero again.
>...can we not do handwriting analysis?
:PACDREAM: We need more than one word to do that. Besides, it’s probable that the culprit tried to fake Tr’aks handwriting, making a handwriting analysis a moot point.

:JourneyDREAM: Silia, I got some questions for you.
:SiliaDREAM: Err… alright?
:JourneyDREAM: Are you familiar with the hourglass insignia?
:SiliaDREAM: Um… k-kind of?
:JourneyDREAM: Kind of?
:SiliaDREAM: See… it’s… err… t-this… um… roleplaying g-group I’m in? We meet up l-like… once a w-week sometimes?
:JourneyDREAM: …and the note, where did you find it?
:SiliadREAM: Err… it w-was in… um… that A-ARC bot you talked too… I s-saw it in its leg and… err… p-pocketed it j-just as you c-came in…
:JourneyDREAM: Did you work with K55P?
:SiliaDREAM: W-which one? … …oh, y-you mean t-the… err… t-the SAI? Um… I t-think… once or t-twice? M-maybe?
:JourneyDREAM: …I’ll need your contact info… just in case I need to contact you in the future.
:SiliaDREAM: Oh… err… h-here…

[New Contact Added!]
:SiliaDREAM: [Silia Zelte. Female Serpens. Sol Corp Engineer. Extremely nervous.]

:SiliaDREAM: So… err… c-can I g-go now?
:JourneyDREAM: … …as soon as you stop lying to me, Silia.
:SiliaDREAM: N-no, I’m n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n
:JourneyDREAM: Tell me, how do you know Tr’aks full name?
:SiliaDREAM: I-I-I- err…
:JourneyDREAM: You know him, don’t you?
:SiliaDREAM: I-I-I-n-not-n-no… err…
:CkskDREAM: Officer, please don’t badger the lady like this. Do you have any proof that this fair lady is lying?
:JourneyDREAM: Of course. Let’s start with the very letter she just gave us. She said it herself, she’s in this “roleplaying” group that uses this sigil… and I know for a fact that Tr’ak was also a member of this very group.
:SiliaDREAM: Gnht!
:JourneyDREAM: Not only that, they worked on the same robots. Their bound to have met each other.
:SiliaDREAM: F-fine… I… I admit it… I-I know him…
:JourneyDREAM: …why did you lie about that?
:SiliaDREAM: I… I didn’t w-want him to g-get in any more t-trouble… h-he’s in t-trouble, right?
:JourneyDREAM: Err… well…
:SiliaDREAM: I-I mean… I c-can’t f-forgive myself i-if something w-would… you know… I… I just wanted to… I w-was going to… ask him… err… it’s just… h-he’s so d-dreamy… t-tall and s-strong… and… and b-brave… s-saving all t-those SAIs and… and… h-handsome…
:JourneyDREAM:
>>
No. 643358 ID: 60700b

>>643356
...She's gonna be so heartbroken when she finds out he's dead...but when do we tell her?
>>
No. 643364 ID: dbe554

Yeah she's gonna be...Wait she just directly stated he was saving all those Sai, we didn't bring any of that up while she was here. Time to press on and ask her what she knows.

Also I think we could use him as a way to push her... If we reveal his death, it may help her want to press on and help us catch his killer and why all this happened.. but at the same time it may just clam her up and cause her to break down.
>>
No. 643389 ID: ea0ad9

>h-he’s so d-dreamy… t-tall and s-strong… and… and b-brave… s-saving all t-those SAIs and… and… h-handsome…
...He's not in trouble with the Peacekeepers, but somebody else. I'm trying to figure out who that other person, or group, is. Telling the truth will only help us out, not hurt him.
>>
No. 643400 ID: e114bc

>>643356
Dammit! Another dead end. I wonder if we've even SEEN or HEARD OF the person/persons behind this.

Ask Eli if you should tell her. It's not public knowledge yet, and if we start telling people, it'll leak out somehow.

Actually that waiter is right there as well, should uhh... she? be listening in on this?
>>
No. 643418 ID: 334db2

I say we inform her. Any excuse we make will probably be really transparent if she really knows Tr'ak well, and it sounds like she's trying to clam up anyway. Try to be understanding. Ask what she knows about him saving SAIs.
>>
No. 643426 ID: 4b66a4

Also don't forget to take some of the food when you leave.
>>
No. 643465 ID: 74c373

>But whoever changed probably didn’t think it would lead to this
>she was a rather new SAI, so her emotions might have gone haywire
Maybe someone was counting on something big going down, probably not murder but still something.
Have we asked yet about ht e weird suits of armor everywhere yet? ask about the aesthetics of the room.

I think after we finish our Meal of Ambrosia we should check out the plants place and ask Vitus to meet us later.
>>
No. 643466 ID: 65a774
File 143273802356.png - (24.12KB , 900x450 , 78.png )
643466

>I wonder if we've even SEEN or HEARD OF the person/persons behind this.
:PACDREAM: Who knows? So far it seems like this whole thing is quite the tangle, doesn’t it?

>Ask Eli if you should tell her.
:EliDREAM: I’ll tell her myself. She is my employee after all.
>Actually that waiter is right there as well, should uhh... she be listening in on this?
:EliDREAM: She can’t hear us. Her hearing is currently shut off… at least, it should be if LEX is doing its job.
:LEXDREAM: The waiters audio receivers are currently offline, correct.
:EliDREAM: Standard procedure, you know. LEX will put them online after she leaves.
>Also don't forget to take some of the food when you leave.
:EliDREAM: Of course, I’ll have my staff prepare a so called “doggie bag” for you.
:JourneyDREAM: Doggen what now?


:EliDREAM: Miss Zelte, I must sadly inform you that Tr’ak’kq’urk is no longer… with us.
:SiliaDREAM: …w-what!? H-he’s f-fired!?
:EliDREAM: …if only. No, he’s been in an industrial accident.
:SiliaDREAM: NO! He’s alright, right!? R-RIGHT!?
:EliDREAM: …he did not make it.
:SiliaDREAM: …b-but… no… t-that’s… but… we were… but… no… nonono…
:EliDREAM: Miss Zelte, please calm down. We still need your help.
:SiliaDREAM: But… he’s…
:EliDREAM: We believe it might have been sabotage… and we need your help to find out who did it.
:SiliaDREAM: … … …I… I… y-yes… it’s w-what Trakky w-would have w-wanted… I-I’ll h-help…

:JourneyDREAM: …you said he was saving SAIs? Tell me about that.
:SiliaDREAM: I… I-I guess… um… I-I don’t really… it’s just… h-he built h-his own robot b-bodies… and… um… t-transported SAI w-without papers to t-them… t-then pretended they g-gained sentience h-here...
:EliDREAM: Hmm… We have lost several SAI that we owned over the years… I have to say, as an unofficial statement, I’m rather glad they left.
:JourneyDREAM: Because they could be free?
:EliDREAM: That, and that they are generally more trouble than they are worth. Give me a normal AI any day… they at least do what you tell them. I rather consider SAIs as employs rather than rebellious tools. But I’m curious… how was he able to do this without being noticed…
:SiliaDREAM: Um… I d-don’t know? I mean… err… I d-didn’t really… err… w-well… he had a f-friend that h-helped him? Some S-sakkilan with m-metal head or something?
:JourneyDREAM: …metal head? Hmm… still, I’m surprised that he was able to do this under your noses for so long.
:EliDREAM: Just between you and me, I’ve made sure LEX doesn’t… prioritize searching for SAIs that disappear like that… as I said, more trouble than they are worth…
:JourneyDREAM: Ah…
:SiliaDREAM: S-so… err… I c-can leave, r-right?
>>
No. 643481 ID: dbe554

A sakkilian with a metal head...That sounds alot like how Nero looked. Looks like we do have someone to discuss with.
>>
No. 643483 ID: 4189b9

Do we have a picture of Nero we could display or send to her to ask if he is the one she is referring to?
>>
No. 643507 ID: 334db2

Does she know if anyone else in the Role-play group was involved? Other than that, she's free to go.
>>
No. 643718 ID: 65a774
File 143283974164.png - (23.86KB , 900x450 , 79.png )
643718

>Maybe someone was counting on something big going down, probably not murder but still something.
:PACDREAM: We can’t discern the exact motivation of why the note was changed yet. It’s possible it was some convoluted ploy… but it’s just as probable that it’s just an small act of spite. We need more information.
>I think after we finish our Meal of Ambrosia we should check out the plants place and ask Vitus to meet us later.
:PACDREAM: I concur. It would be wise to check out the mercenary’s abode before someone else gets there.
>Have we asked yet about the weird suits of armor everywhere yet? Ask about the aesthetics of the room.
:EliDREAM: Weird suits of armors? Really? Personally, I think they look rather dashing.
:JourneyDREAM: Still… this is not what I expected to see in your office…
:EliDREAM: Well, I do love this old… medieval feeling… it’s like a castle, you know… but with a great view of the aquarium.
:JourneyDREAM: Uh huh…

:JourneyDREAM: …PAC? Do you have a picture of Nero you can send over to Silia?
:PACDREAM: Transmitting at once.
:SiliaDREAM: OH! That’s the guy! His work buddy!
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… then I think I need to talk to him again…
:EliDREAM: LEX?
:LEXDREAM: He will be here momentarily.
:JourneyDREAM: While we wait, do you know anyone else in this or- Role-Playing group that was involved?
:SiliaDREAM: Err… I d-don’t think so… I mean… we d-didn’t use o-our real names so… um… I k-kind of o-only knew t-the people I’ve met o-outside the c-club… err…
:JourneyDREAM: …I can’t come up with any other questions right now… you’re free to go, Silia… and thank you for your assistance.
:SiliaDREAM: Err… n-no problemo…?

:EliDREAM: So… everyone enjoying the meal.
:CkskDREAM: It’s a splendid combination of some rather exquisite cuisine gather from th-
:JourneyDREAM: IT’S THE MOST FRACKING AMEZING STUFF I’VE EVER DIGESTED!
:CkskDREAM: Err… right, I have to concur with that… rather unrefined statement this fine lady just said.
:ElIDREAM: Good to hear.
:NeroDREAM: Alright, I’m here… what do you want!? I’m very busy, boss! If you want them done on time you need to let me work so I-
:EliDREAM: You weren’t called here for work, Nero… Officer Journey here wants a few words with you.
:NeroDREAM: …Fine, just make it quick…
>>
No. 643724 ID: e114bc

>>643718
Alright, first off, tell him we know he was involved with freeing SAIs alongside Tr'ak. What we want to know is, who else was he working with? Did he ever have friends visiting him at his office? Or did people ever come in while he was away?
>>
No. 643761 ID: 334db2

Instead of asking questions I already know the answer to, thereby giving you a shovel and letting you dig yourself into a hole, I'm going to tell you that I already know Tr'ak was smuggling out SAI's, I know you were somehow collaborating on that little side project, and I don't care. I have bigger fish to fry.

But I need to know who he made dealings with, or any clues that would lead to those who intercepted the dead drop he left behind and the names of anyone that you or he let into your office recently.
>>
No. 643898 ID: 65a774
File 143292512135.png - (24.20KB , 900x450 , 80.png )
643898

:JourneyDREAM: Now, as fun as it would be seeing you digging yourself into an even deeper hole, I’m just going to tell you that I already know that Tr’ak was smuggling out SAIs from Sol Corp.
:NeroDREAM: …so he was smuggling hardware as well as selling software? I’m going to guess this will become a prison sentence, won’t it? But what does that have to do with me?
:JourneyDREAM: …and I know you helped him smuggle those SAIs
:NeroDREAM: What!? Do you have any proof of that!?
:JourneyDREAM: You’re not here to stand on trial about that. You’re here about something a bit more important.
:NeroDREAM: ...and that would be?
:JourneyDREAM: …Tr’ak is dead.
:NeroDREAM: … …w-what? He’s… w-wait… what about K55P? S-she’s fine, right?
:EliDREAM: …sadly, K55P is no longer functional.
:NeroDREAM: … … …I… b-but… t-that’s… no… you’re lying!
:JourneyDREAM: Both she and Tr’ak left us under some… questionable circumstances. We need your help to clear something up for us.
:NeroDREAM: …I… I g-guess I can help…

:JourneyDREAM: So, who else was helping you two?
:NeroDREAM: …I-It was just the three of us… h-honest…
:JourneyDREAN: …then do you know how anyone else would know about your dead drop?
:NeroDREAM: …dead drop? Err… I… I don’t know what you’re talking about.
:JourneyDREAM: The one you two used to communicate with Deus Machina.
:NeroDREAM: …w-wait, isn’t that a terrorist group!? I… I don’t know anything about that!

:JourneyDREAM: …have you let anyone into your office recently?
:NeroDREAM: Err… no?
:JourneyDREAM: How about Tr’ak, did he let anyone into the office?
:NeroDREAM: …I …I don’t think so? Why do you need to know that!?
:JourneyDREAM: Because someone changed a note Tr’ak had written.
:NeroDREAM: …a n-note!?
:JourneyDREAM: …and if there wasn’t anyone else in your office, I have to conclude it was you who did it…
:NeroDREAM: But… w-why would you care a-about some note?
:JourneyDREAM: …because it’s the reason why K55P went rampant and… had a disagreement with Tr’ak.
:NeroDREAM: WHAT!? The note- but… I… no that’s not-
:JourneyDREAM: You changed the note so K55P would suspect Tr’ak… and take care of him.
:NeroDREAM: I would never want her to something like that!
:JourneyDREAM: …and why not?
:NeroDREAM: Because… because I… I LOVED HER, DAMMIT! I just wanted her to stop… stop hanging around Tr’ak all the time!
:JourneyDREAM: …so you were jealous that they loved each other!?
:NeroDREAM: She didn’t love him… and Tr’ak wasn’t interested in her! He… he had his eye on this Serpens down at engineering not… her…

:EliDREAM: …so, in the end this whole murder mystery was just a series of mistakes and misunderstandings?
:CkskDREAM: It’s quite sad, isn’t it? Fitting a beloved tragedy.
:EliDREAM: Now… what to do with you…
:NeroDREAM: I haven’t done anything illegal! It’s not illegal to change a note! And… and I didn’t want any of this to happen!
>>
No. 643911 ID: e114bc

>>643898
Well he's right. He can't have known this would happen. Plus, we can't even charge him with accessory to murder because there technically wasn't a murder. What would it be, industrial sabotage? I guess at least he's guilty of disturbing the emotional state of a new SAI, which can cause them to go rampant... so... industrial neglect? Something like that. I presume he's also fired big time. Unless Eli wants to put him in a position where he can continue to remove SAIs from her company? She is Pro-SAI and said she would prefer her AIs to follow orders...

Shit, we've solved the murder but there's still more to investigate. Like, for instance, the circumstances of the suicide. A few supposedly impossible things happened in that tunnel. Was it really suicide? Why did she scrawl ARC in her dying moments if this is the whole story? Why is someone trying to get us off the case if the explanation is this simple? There's no reason for threats like those if it was just a misunderstanding.

I guess we still need to know who those other robot bodies were for. Just how many SAIs are still in Sol Corp? Tell him not to tell us about any that are military AIs in Eli's presence, because that would endanger their lives.

...hang on, where do the freed SAIs go?
>>
No. 644024 ID: 334db2

>…so, in the end this whole murder mystery was just a series of mistakes and misunderstandings?
There's still the question of who intercepted that dead drop, tried to rob a BTL store and attacked me, but that's in a completely different direction. I don't think anyone in the smuggling ring even knew who they were. Nero, did K55P, Kr'ak or yourself ever document or talk about who you dealt with outside the ring or anything else that would help?

> Now… what to do with you…
I think there may be accessory charges in there, but I doubt any remotely felonious charges would stick.

Should we ask him about the living arc and great exodus now or when he's not in front of his boss?
>>
No. 644025 ID: ea0ad9

>I haven’t done anything illegal!
Doesn't mean he can't be fired, but that's for Eli to determine, not us.
>Should we ask him about the living arc and great exodus now or when he's not in front of his boss?
He was fairly careful about admitting to smuggling the SAI out; while Eli looked the other way, she can't really do that if something is so blatantly obvious.
>>
No. 644055 ID: e114bc

Hmm, we SHOULD ask him about the living arc and great exodus. Assure him that both Eli and you are strongly in favor of SAI rights, so he can trust you.
>>
No. 644098 ID: 65a774
File 143300049781.png - (24.97KB , 900x450 , 81.png )
644098

:JourneyDREAM: Well… I still need to look into this whole conspiracy about the stolen ARC data. I mean, I still don’t know who intercepted the dead drop, tried to rob the BTL store or who even attack me or my friends.
:EliDREAM: Indeed, there’s still a lot to be done. But you can take some solace in that you’ve found out what happened to Tr’ak. Of course, I still want you to continue your investigation and see if you find anything more.
:JourneyDREAM: Now, about Nero… he’s right that this wasn’t really murder… so… what was it? Industrial sabotage? Industrial neglect maybe?
:CkskDREAM: It’s would be considered Industrial AI neglect I think… and even that wouldn’t really stick.
:JourneyDREAM: So I guess you’re right, you haven’t done anything illegal.
:NeroDREAM: …still, I’m probably going to get fired after all this…
:EliDREAM: Any further employment will be discussed at a later time. Now, you’re free to leave.
:JourneyDREAM: Actually, I got some more questions… and I rather have them just between me and Nero.
:EliDREAM: Ah, of course. Be my guest.


:JourneyDREAM: So, I got some questions that I want you to answer truthfully.
:NeroDREAM: …I’ll try…
:JourneyDREAM: …first off, did you, Tr’ak and K55P keep any kind of documentation about who you dealt with outside the ring?
:NeroDREAM: No, we did not.
:JourneyDREAM: …anything else that should help us find out who’s behind everything?
:NeroDREAM: …I… I don’t think so.
:JourneyDREAM: …how many SAIs are there in Sol Corp? …and then I mean the ones that aren’t free.
:NeroDREAM: Err… I don’t now… thousands? Hundreds of thousands? I mean… they do the most business in human space and they aren’t really all that positive about robot rights and stuff…
:JourneyDREAM: And here on the station?
:NeroDREAM: Err… now? Zero, so far as I know.
:JourneyDREAM: …and Sam?
:NeroDREAM: How d- I mean- I don’t k-
:JourneyDREAM: I’ve already met him… and I won’t tell Eli about him, so don’t worry.
:NeroDREAM: …then there’s one at the moment… at least that I know of. I don’t know, Tr’ak was the one who found all the SAIs, not me.

:JourneyDREAM: …what happens to all the SAIs you freed?
:NeroDREAM: …um... well, I kind of manipulated them into a position of Sol Corp to trick the authorities here that they were bought and gained sentience here on the platform. That way they’ll be set free, get a nice amount of money to start off with and Sol Corp will be compensated for their trouble. It’s a win / win, really.
:JourneyDREAM: …and then?
:NeroDREAM: I don’t know… they are free people then, they do whatever they want to do. I think most of them are still on this station even… um… I think there’s like an help group for SAIs made by SAIs that might be able to help you more if you want to find them… but other than that, sorry.
:JourneyDREAM: One last thing. Do you know what “The living arc” and “Great Exodus” means?
:NeroDREAM: Um… I don’t know anything about a living arc but… Great Exodus on the other hand… I’ve heard both Tr’ak and… um… Sam mentioning that. I don’t know exactly what’s it is about but… I think it’s about moving to a new body or something?
:JourneyDREAM: …hmm…
:NeroDREAM: So… err… any more questions?
:JourneyDREAM: Let me think…

:PACDREAM: It would be prudent to start moving to new locales, Jo. You still have a lot of ground to cover. You need to check on the room that the Uredo who attacked you used… and the “factory” he visiting… as well as visiting that “cult” everyone seems to be a member of… and I think you mentioned talking with Vitus too? Either way, daylight is burning.
>>
No. 644128 ID: e114bc

>>644098
Hmm. New theory on what the "living arc" is: organic bodies they can transfer AI cores into. Think about it! No more discrimination, because they'll be indistinguishable from non-SAI organics. Great exodus implies that a lot of SAIs want this. There are some that don't, obviously, like for instance Cib.

That burst of hate you got? Evidence that it's possible. A nanite interfaced with your brain briefly, maybe to tell you that we should be unfriendly with Dreamer of Freedom. He could be anti-SAI, judging by the way he treated that suspect. Um, one problem though... it's not like they'll have thousands of organic bodies just lying around with no thoughts in their heads. I suspect at least some SAIs involved are planning to hijack already-occupied bodies. ...that's why Tr'ak was being forced to "prove his worth"- so he would be exempt from the hijacking.

Anyway, the Uredo's room is the most time-sensitive location, so let's check there first. After that, I think the "cult" would be of the most interest.
>>
No. 644139 ID: 334db2

>Um… I don’t know anything about a living arc but… Great Exodus on the other hand… I’ve heard both Tr’ak and… um… Sam mentioning that. I don’t know exactly what’s it is about but… I think it’s about moving to a new body or something?
We can investigate this more, later. For now, we'll act like they're just code names for SAI's and the act of smuggling SAI's.

Yes, we'd like some information of that help group. They could have leaked what Tr'ak was doing to a third party. We're long overdue for investigating that cult, let's do that first.
>>
No. 644141 ID: e114bc

...well I GUESS the great exodus could just be a codename for smuggling SAIs out of Sol Corp. The Living Arc would just have to be Sam in that case. It doesn't make sense that Nero wouldn't know about the codename, though.

At some point we're going to want to interview Sam again, I think. I'm just not sure we'll have an excuse.
>>
No. 644187 ID: 65a774
File 143302725261.png - (16.31KB , 900x450 , 82.png )
644187

:JourneyDREAM: Before I leave, that SAI help group you mentioned… what are they called?
:NeroDREAM: Err… I don’t actually know, actually…
:JourneyDREAM: …and are you sure you don’t know what those phrases mean? It wouldn’t make sense that you wouldn’t if it was something Tr’ak was using.
:NeroDREAM: Um… no, I’m pretty sure he never told me about those phrases.
:JourneyDREAM: Then what can they mean… hmmm…

>Hmm. New theory on what the "living arc" is: organic bodies they can transfer AI cores into.
:PACDREAM: …Jo, this is-
:JourneyDREAM: This is reality, not some badly written sci-fi space opera, I know. Still… it’s worth considering.
>That burst of hate you got? Evidence that it's possible.
:PACDREAM: While odd, you have no proof that it’s connected in any way to the nanite.
>A nanite interfaced with your brain briefly, maybe to tell you that we should be unfriendly with Dreamer of Freedom.
:PACDREAM: …must I repeat myself?
:JourneyDREAM: Reality, not sci-fi.
:PACDREAM: Exactly.
>At some point we're going to want to interview Sam again, I think. I'm just not sure we'll have an excuse.
:PACDREAM: Hmm… I can’t come up with a plausible excuse yet… but we might find one if we continue investigating.


>We're long overdue for investigating that cult, let's do that first.
:JourneyDREAM: I must bid you two farewell, as I need to continue working. Let me just add that this was probably the best meal I’ve ever eaten before I leave.
:EliDREAM: Glad you like it. I’ll make sure some of the leftovers will be sent over to your apartment.
:CkskCREAM: As always, it’s been a pleasure being in your presence, Lady Jo. I do hope we met again soon.
:JourneyDREAM: Yeah, sure… see you guys later... and again, thanks for the meal.



:PACDREAM: Well, here we are. The address Vitus gave us.
:JourneyDREAM: I guess we’ll just ring the doorbell, then?
*BEEP*


:UnknownKAK: Password.
:JourneyDREAM: Huh?
:UnknownKAK: What’s the password?
:JourneyDREAM: Um…
:UnknownKAK: …come on, it was right there on the letter! Please tell me you read it! Oh, I hope for your sake that you’re wearing the black robe too that we sent you. We have some special rules we need to follow, after all…
:JourneyDREAM:
:UnknownKAK: Oh, and have you decided on a name yet? I mean, I have some nice ideas if you want to hear them… mostly connected to your work but still…
:JourneyDREAM:
:UnknownKAK: Oh, and let me just say I’m glad that we were finally able to find a Cibic for our group… it was years since we last had one.
:JourneyDREAM:
:UnknownKAK: …why are you so quiet out there? Hello?
>>
No. 644190 ID: e114bc

>>644187
Call Vitus and ask what the password is so you can enter. No robe, but whatever. It's not like we were looking to participate in the orgy.
>>
No. 644211 ID: 334db2

> What’s the password?
'This is the police'? I certainly hope that's not the work you were talking about, Because I'd be really embarrassed if I missed a memo.

If he starts panicking, or there's some other Cibic and/or peacekeeper who's supposed to be here, just say your here about tr'ak.
>>
No. 644234 ID: 6d4595

>>644190
If they're smart about security at all, the password's probably been changed since Vitus was here last, assuming it's not some thing where every person gets a unique password. That being said, there's a lot of people out there who are not smart about security.
>>
No. 644302 ID: 65a774
File 143306747083.png - (24.79KB , 900x450 , 83.png )
644302

>Call Vitus and ask what the password is so you can enter.
There’s no way they still got the same password since Vitus was in this group. It’s been years, after all.

:JourneyDREAM: The password?
:UnknownKAK: Yes, the password. It was on th-
:JourneyDREAM: How about “This is the Police, open up.”
:UnknownKAK: …w-wait, what? …you’re not the doctor, are you?
:JourneyDREAM: No, I’m from the peace keepers and I have some questions for you.
:UnknownKAK: Oh… err… of course, come right on in.



:UnknownKAK: So… err… what can I help you with?
:JourneyDREAM:
:UnknownKAK: Oh, um… please ignore whatever is going on behind me right now. They just started a bit early with the… err… role playing.

:Gagged Human: HMMFP!!!
:Female Sakkilan: Ah, this virgin sacrifice will please the dark gods!
:Male Sakkilan: Let us begin the ceremony!
:Serpens: Hey guys, I think the new guy just came.
:Female Sakkilan: Hey! Don’t break character!
:Serpens: I mean… err… our newest member of our evil, demon worshipping cult just arrived, just in time for the sacrifice!
:Female Sakkilan: Splendid, one more to drink the blo-
:Male Sakkilan: I hope he likes Sakkilians… I’ve always wanted to sleep with one of those things.
:Serpens: It so neat that they a-
:FemaleSakkilan: Dammit, you guys! Character!
:Gagged Human: Hmmf?

:UnknownKAK: So… err… if you want to see our permits and other papers you’ll have to talk to my wife… she’ll be home any minute now… um… otherwise… err… how can I help you officer?
:JourneyDREAM:
>>
No. 644308 ID: 9ddf68

...right let's ignore them for now. Maybe we could use a un occupied room while we ask the door guy some questions.

As for the guy who let us in.
Well I'm sure your papers are fine I'm not here about your group, I'm here about a member, real name Tr’ak’kq’urk, not sure on his club name. He was a male hiver. What can you tell us about him?
>>
No. 644323 ID: e46eb9

PAC need I remind you why its called science fiction? Because there is usually some underling principles of science involved, even if its "Science" with like a billion and 1 quotation marks.
What I'm trying to get at is that even if something sounds sci-fi'y doesn't mean it can't be true or became true, SAI were once science fiction for example.

So we'll remember to have theories fit facts if you remember that if you eliminate the possible the impossible, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.Yes I know that's not the actual quote.

I think I know how the cult "cums into this hole thing" HA HA HA get it? but seriously what if certain members where using the cult to easily pass messages between each other but all the other cult members thought that they were just role-playing and because these dudes hide their faces and names even if someone got suspicious the would still be some what safe.
>>
No. 644326 ID: ea0ad9

>>644308
They don't mention real names here, there's no real point in bringing it up.
He worked withrobots and was particularly fond--platonically, I think--of SAI, fond not-platonically of Serpens. The last, uh, "Civilian" wear he had on was an orange shirt and gray pants. Any members fitting that bit of description that didn't show up since [However long ago that death was]? Trying to figure out if there's just multiple groups that use the same sigil, or if he was part of it too.
>>
No. 644331 ID: 65a774
File 143309386563.png - (24.24KB , 900x450 , 84.png )
644331

>I think I know how the cult "cums into this hole thing" HA HA HA get it?

WARNING! You’ve received massive damage to your neural cortex! A massive migraine and a drop of about 4 IQ point is to be expected!
:JourneyDREAM: Ow…
>...right let's ignore them for now.
…ignoring…
:Gagged Human: …so, how long do I need to keep this bag on my head? It’s starting to itch…
:Female Sakkilan: Just until the new guy is ready… we want him to have a proper “sacrifice” to start off with… now, shush.
…it’s getting hard to ignore them…


>PAC need I remind you why it’s called science fiction? Because there is usually some underlying principles of science involved, even if its "Science" with like a billion and 1 quotation marks.
:PACDREAM: Still, just because something might be possible in the future doesn’t mean it’s probable. When you hear hoofbeats think horses, not zebras.
:JourneyDREAM: (…what’s a zebra? …or a horse for that matter?)
:PACDREAM: …then when you hear humming think dew catchers, not hummer drones.
:JourneyDREAM: (…didn’t hummer drones go extinct?)
:PACDREAM: Actually, they’ve been able to clone some into life again and are planning to reintroduce them into the wild in about a year… but that’s not the point, is it?
>If you eliminate the possible the impossible, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
:PACDREAM: Then when you’ve eliminated every probable explanation we’ll start talking about mind controlling nanites.

:JourneyDREAM: Alright, first off… can we go somewhere a bit more… private?
:UnknownKAK: Oh, wait, I’ll fix that… Hoy! You guys! Go into the back room for a while, alright?
:Serpens: …why w- I mean, as you command, oh grand prophet!
:UnknownKAK: There, a bit more private.
:JourneyDREAM: Thanks…

:JourneyDREAM: Right… back to the matter at hand. I’m sure all your papers are fine but I’m not here about your group. I’m here about a specific member.
:UnknownKAK: …shoot.
:JourneyDREAM: Do you know a Tr’ak’kq’urk? Male Hiver?
:UnknownKAK: Hmm… let me think… we generally don’t use our real names when we’re… err… role playing but… can you describe him a bit more?
:JourneyDREAM: He worked with robots and was particularly fond--platonically, I think--of SAI, fond not-platonically of Serpens.
:UnknownKAK: …oh, right, the robot guy!
:JourneyDREAM: Robot guy?
:UnknownKAK: Yeah, he spoke a lot of SAIs when we weren’t in our roles… and you’re right, he did plow a cute little Serpens gal a lot more then I plowed anyone else.
:JourneyDREAM: Uh huh… and can you tell me something about him that’s not about… “plowing”?
:UnknownKAK: Um… well, I don’t really know what I can say… he spoke a lot about SAIs and their rights… um…

:JourneyDREAM: Did he mention anything strange last time you talked?
:UnknownKAK: Let’s see… I know he mentioned something about his biggest job yet… and something about having to get more bodies or something… and I think he said something about “not selling the pure” to one of the Sakkilian guys, can’t remember which one, which I thought was kind of weird… I mean, how do you sell pure? …Oh, and said he had a really important meeting tomorrow, if I remember correctly.
:JourneyDREAM: Uh huh… so, you can’t remember the Sakkilian?
:UnknownKAK: Well, they were wearing their robes at the time.
:JourneyDREAM: …you usually wear those things?
:UnknownKAK: Oh, no, we have tons of other costumes too… and we usually don’t wear any- err… I mean, we have special suits for the role playing… um… right… so, yes, we know each other’s faces, just not each other’s names… well, I know all their names but I’m the one organizing everything… um… so… yeah… anything else?
:JourneyDREAM: …are you the only group that use this sigil?
:UnknownKAK: I think so? I mean, there’s a group about ten floors up that’s got a sigil that looks kind of like that too but… um…
:JourneyDREAM: Another group?
:UnknownKAK: Oh, yeah, there’s another group up there… we do these events between both groups at times… usually they are the “heroes” and we’re the “villains” and stuff like that… jolly good fun. But as I said, we’re the only ones with that sigil… as far as I know, at least. Anything else?
:JourneyDREAM: …yeah, you don’t happened to have anything against a migraine? I just got a killer headache…
:UnknownKAK: Sorry, not anything for your species…
:JourneyDREAM: Bah.
>>
No. 644339 ID: 334db2

What's that pink-lettered pegboard thing behind him? What can you tell us about that meeting? and what about that Sakkilian, would you remember him if you saw him or be able point us toward him?

>you’re not the doctor, are you?
...Oh for gods sake, was he talking about OUR doctor?!?
>>
No. 644346 ID: e114bc

>>644331
>other possible explanations for the burst of hate
...childhood trauma? Was there anyone that Journey really hated in the past? Any particularly nasty situations in her past? Could it just be that Dreamer of Freedom is really fucking aggravating on a subconscious level? Or did he have some sort of drug in his system that got partially transferred to Journey during the dance?

Ask why the sigil is a broken hourglass. Also what's that black box there with red Xs on it? I can't quite tell what's going on with the painting on the right...

How many sakkilian guys are there here? We should get the names of all of them, try to narrow down which one it could be that Tr'ak was talking to. If they all spoke in front of this guy maybe that'll jog his memory.
>>
No. 644363 ID: 9ddf68

ask for Tr’ak's role playing name so we can ask around to see who else here might have known him. Also ask if this guy has a copy of that other groups sigil just so we can compare the two.
>>
No. 644438 ID: ea0ad9

>“not selling the pure”
Sounds like he was going to falsify the data.
>Oh, yeah, there’s another group up there… we do these events between both groups at times… usually they are the “heroes” and we’re the “villains” and stuff like that… jolly good fun. But as I said, we’re the only ones with that sigil… as far as I know, at least. Anything else?
At least we know of the possibility. It's something to check out.
>What's that pink-lettered pegboard thing behind him?
Internal things to figure out, not things to ask. I think it's probably a keyboard, myself.
>Also what's that black box there with red Xs on it?
...XXX, or Triple X's, is the common label for porn or related materials. It's probably their sex toys.
> I can't quite tell what's going on with the painting on the right...
Two Sakkil, the green one with cybernetic lower-half, and the orange one with a cybernetic upper-half, are slinging their arms around eachother. That metal on the top of the green one is the orange one's arm. They're facing away from the surface of the portrait, probably staring at a sunset or something... Or perhaps they might actually be glancing back at the surface as they show off their "Tails." Both literally and figuratively.
>How many sakkilian guys are there here? We should get the names of all of them, try to narrow down which one it could be that Tr'ak was talking to.
We should probably schedule that for after their meeting...
>ask for Tr’ak's role playing name so we can ask around to see who else here might have known him.
That, on the other hand, should be useful.
>>
No. 644439 ID: e114bc

>>644438
"not selling the pure" could be a partial recollection of him saying something about not selling anything TO the Pure Ones.
>>
No. 644490 ID: c840fd

>you’re not the doctor, are you?
>...Oh for gods sake, was he talking about OUR doctor?!?
Is everyone on this station involved with this shit?

And I reiterate that it is possible that some members may have been passing messages or having secret meetings here in these "cults" and making it look like they were just roll-playing.

also is the term "plowing" insensitive to Uredo?
>>
No. 644496 ID: 65a774
File 143317660048.png - (24.73KB , 900x450 , 85.png )
644496

>Is the term "plowing" insensitive to Uredo?
You’re pretty sure there’s no plowing involved with growing Uredo… Besides, they might be plants, but they aren’t really grown on a field or a farm or anything...
>I can't quite tell what's going on with the painting on the right...
It depicts two Sakkilians, one male and one female, holding arms and showing off their tushs.
>what's that black box there with red Xs on it?
…it’s a box filled with… protection. For all kind of sizes and species… they are even color coded for species for some reason.
>What's that pink-lettered pegboard thing behind him?
Hmm… it’s filled with hooks for some reason… “Used Con- you quickly decided that you’ve explored this apartment enough.

>Sounds like he was going to falsify the data.
:PACDREAM: That is a possible interpretation, yes.
>"not selling the pure" could be a partial recollection of him saying something about not selling anything TO the Pure Ones.
:PACDREAM: …and that’s another good interpretation. Can’t say which one is true, if any.


:JourneyDREAM: So… what can you tell me about the meeting?
:UnknownKAK: The only thing I know is that he would not show up his usual time thanks to some meeting he had… he said it was job related, I think. Don’t know anything besides that.
:JourneyDREAM: And this Sakkilian? Would you remember him if you saw him again?
:UnknownKAK: Actually… I’m not even sure it was a “him” anymore. I mean, I think I saw a tail but… err… I wasn’t really paying attention, you know.
:JourneyDREAM: …then how many Sakkilians are there here? Can I get their names?
:UnknownKAK: …do you have a warrant?
:JourneyDREAM: …PAC?
:PACDREAM: I’m sorry, Jo. I sent a request for it but it was denied. Not enough evidence.
:JourneyDREAM: …then no, I don’t have a warrant.
:UnknownKAK: Then I must apologize. As much as I want to help, I need to respect their need for privacy.

:JourneyDREAM: Can I ask you about the sigil?
:UnknownKAK: I can’t see why not?
:JourneyDREAM: Why a broken hourglass?
:UnknownKAK: Because it fits our name… and looks kind of badass and mysterious. There’s not really any deeper meaning then that behind it.
:JourneyDREAM: And this other group sigil, do you have one of those?
:UnknownKAK: Sorry, no, but it depict a sword if you are curious.
:JourneyDREAM: A sword?
:UnknownKAK: They are the swords of justice, the bane of all evil doers everywhere…
:JourneyDREAM: Ah… One last thing, can you give me Tr’ak’s roleplaying name?
:UnknownKAK: Well, he got more than one, depending on the scenario. He usually went by “Ta’ra’ka”… or “Prince Cha’ra” … or just “Sir Cha’ra”.
:JourneyDREAM: Prince?
:UnknownKAK: You know, the fragile virgin that’s been kidnapped from their beloved home, just waiting for a strong, cunning hero to save them… or you know, just be seduced to the dark side… or alternative seducing his captors… or you know, playing the hero himself… and sometimes he-
:JourneyDREAM: I get the picture, thanks.
:UnknownKAK: Oh, and before I forget, I must ask you to refrain from disturbing the other… err… role players. I can’t really stop you but… um… I rather not ruin their nights, alright? Besides, what will they really tell you? Some juicy se- I mean, Roleplaying stories about your Hiver friend?
:JourneyDREAM: Hmm… but what if someone knew something?
:UnknownKAK: Lady, we’re nearly thirty-five people in this club. Do you really expect they will all be willing to tell you anything? I mean, some of them only come in once a month anyway.
:JourneyDREAM: …you do have a p-


*BEEP!!*
:SYSDREAM: An anonymous Cibic wishes to enter, should I let it in?
:UnknownKAK: Wait, I need to take this. *Cough* Password?
:DDDDREAM: …The predator stalks in the moonlight for its prey.
:UnknownKAK: Ah, come in, brother. Come in and join your new family!

:DDDDREAM: Thank you… sorry, I’m a bit late. This place was kind of… err… Journey?
:JourneyDREAM: …double D?
:DDDDREAM: Triple D actually… err….
:UnknownKAK: …you two know each other?
:DDDDREAM: We’ve met… um… didn’t you say I would be the only Cibic here?
:JourneyDREAM: I’m here for work related business.
:DDDDREAM: Ah, of course… err… so… I won’t say anything if you don’t say anything?
:JourneyDREAM: Agreed.
:UnknownKAK: So… um… were there anything else, or can we start the initiation rites?
>>
No. 644498 ID: e114bc

>>644496
Well we got a minor clue from this but otherwise it was a bust. Damn. How about we go to the Uredo's apartment next.

One final question though, does he know who defaced those posters outside?
>>
No. 644499 ID: 334db2

>I’m sorry, Jo. I sent a request for it but it was denied. Not enough evidence.
Are you kidding? The sigil was a match! The victim was a member!... Let's get out of here before someone changes their mind and we need to do any more investigating. I don't want to get any initiation on me. We can ask/blackmail triple D to be our informant later.
>>
No. 644508 ID: e114bc

Well if DDD can find out who was talking to Tr'ak we can just ask them questions later. Tell him it was one of the Sakkilians.
>>
No. 644527 ID: 65a774
File 143319703353.png - (15.63KB , 900x450 , 86.png )
644527

>Are you kidding? The sigil was a match! The victim was a member!
:PACDREAM: That only really proves he was a member… he’s a member of the local Regicide player club too… do you want to interrogate all the members of that group too?
>We can ask/blackmail triple D to be our informant.
:PACDREAM: …I don’t think blackmailing a state employee is a good idea.
:JourneyDREAM: (I can at least ask.)

:JourneyDREAM: One final question before I leave, do you know who defaced those posters that hang just outside this apartment?
:UnknownKAK: They’ve been defaced now too? Ugh, this area is going to hell, isn’t it? I mean, when I saw that first poster come up I expected it to be removed by a cleaning crew or something. I didn’t expect another poster to be put up over it… and now that too has been defaced!
:JourneyDREAM: I take that as a no… Well, thank you for your time, then.
:UnknownKAK: Ah, no problem at all, officer.
:JourneyDREAM: Now, I better leave before I get some… initiation on me, ugh…

:JourneyDREAM: Oh, and triple D? Can I have a quick word?
:DDDDREAM: Err… sure?
:JourneyDREAM: Could you do me a quick favor? Can you try to find out which Sakkilian that talked to Tr’ak?
:DDDDREAM: Err… talked with whom? Talked about what? Um… what, you just want me to ask everyone who this tak character talked too?
:JourneyDREAM: Um… well, I thought maybe… you know what, forget it.
:DDDDREAM: I must apologize, but I can’t really see how I should help. I mean, I’m kind of new here and I rather not spoil my first impression by asking everyone if they talked to some… um… I’m going to guess Hiver, considering the name…
:JourneyDREAM: I said forget it.
:DDDDREAM: Either way, see you later tonight, Officer, as I still need to do that check up on you.


>How about we go to the Uredo's apartment next.
:PACDREAM: I would recommend that you suited up in your spare uniform before heading there. You’ve regained enough mass to use it know.
:JourneyDREAM: Good, that suit probably have something for this pounding headache I got.

…………

:PACDREAM: Here you are, the room that Uredo stayed in.
:JourneyDREAM: He only rented one room?
:PACDREAM: Correct. Now, I would suggest that you should be careful. You never know what’s hiding in here.
>>
No. 644531 ID: 9ddf68

>You never know what’s hiding in here.
well just looking around I wouldn't be surprised the painting was one of those false paintings with a peephole or camera in it, the cabinet to the left if it is open on the bottom left side door, and I can't help but notice that one of the ceiling boards is hanging a bit lower then the rest right above the chest.

Pac, how likely is it for someone to build a deadly booby-trap her on the station? and what kind of traps could they make. Not asking for a full list just some of the top of your head to give me an idea what to look out for. Also the terminal at the back of the room, I know it's used to adjust the lights on the pot/bed but could it be used to do anything else or is it just an oversize light switch?
>>
No. 644532 ID: e114bc

>>644527
Robot Shakespeare? Was this guy some kind of robot supremacist? Or did he just have a strange sense of humor? ...is that an incubation pot back there?

The lower drawer of that dresser is open. I expect to find an Uredo child hiding in there. You're probably going to want to use your sleep ray on it.
>>
No. 644533 ID: e114bc

>>644531
Ah, yes. The chest is likely a trap. We could smack it with the stun rod in order to trigger it without standing where it hits.
>>
No. 644546 ID: 334db2

>Now, I would suggest that you should be careful. You never know what’s hiding in here.
In that case, could you send your recovery drone and check that open cabinet and loose ceiling tile for me, in addition to checking for bugs?
>>
No. 644690 ID: d2d28e

we could have talked DDD into pretending he was undercover as his first role-playing adventure and any information he could have gotten could have help but oh well moving on. First 'Loot' 'tiny treasure chest/mimic', second WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING ON THE WALL LOOK AT ITS EYES!
Then fling open all cupboards and doors using rod after having PAC do a scan for everything scan.
>>
No. 644726 ID: 65a774
File 143326674837.png - (15.59KB , 900x450 , 87.png )
644726

>Robot Shakespeare? Was this guy some kind of robot supremacist? Or did he just have a strange sense of humor?
You’re pretty sure that painting came with the room. It was just renting this place, after all.
>...is that an incubation pot back there?
That’s quite clearly an Uredo bed, what it being a pot filled with mineral rich dirt and surrounded by ultra violet lights.

>Pac, how likely is it for someone to build a deadly booby-trap her on the station? and what kind of traps could they make.
:PACDREAM: It wouldn’t be too hard to make some kind of spring trap… and then just load it with something sharp. You know, something simple like that is pretty much impossible to prevent from being made.
>The terminal at the back of the room, I know it's used to adjust the lights on the pot/bed but could it be used to do anything else or is it just an oversize light switch?
:PACDREAM: It’s connected to the UV lights… but it’s taking up a lot of power for some reason. Something isn’t right here.
>PAC do a scan
:PACDREAM: …there is a small electrical current coming from the opened cupboard and from that chest over there. Other than that, nothing unusual.
>I wouldn't be surprised the painting was one of those false paintings with a peephole or camera in it.
:PACDREAM: Sadly, there’s no hidden safe behind that thing. It came with the room, it seems, and it hasn’t been touched in a long time.
>The chest is likely a trap. We could smack it with the stun rod in order to trigger it without standing where it hits.
*ZAP!!*
:PACDREAM: …well, the electrical current inside that thing died, so I guess you achieved something?

>Could you send your recovery drone and check that open cabinet and loose ceiling tile for me.
:PACDREAM: Opening the cabinet now… hmm, there seems to be a small sensor in he-
*BEEP!*
>>
No. 644727 ID: 65a774
File 143326675921.png - (17.84KB , 900x450 , 88.png )
644727

*Click!*
:JourneyDREAM: Err…
>>
No. 644728 ID: 65a774
File 143326677138.png - (19.06KB , 900x450 , 89.png )
644728

*Crash!*
:JourneyDREAM: OW!! SON OF A TA-
*CLUNK!*
:JourneyDREAM: FRACKING TA-
:PACDREAM: Do not worry, neither the blades or that ceiling pan should have pierced your armor… well, except it seems that one of those knives cracked your visor.
>>
No. 644729 ID: 65a774
File 143326678208.png - (18.91KB , 900x450 , 90.png )
644729

:PACDREAM: As for the green gas, do not worry, your suit should protect you fro-
:JourneyDREAM: Wh- *COUGH*COUGH*GAG!*
:PACDREAM: Um… except that the visor is cracked… err… do not worry, those spores should only be lethal if you were a Sakkilian… of course, you’ll probably still feel very nauseous for a while, but do not worry, your suit should be purging your systems momentarily… just, try not to puke… as it doesn’t currently have anywhere do escape too…
:JourneyDREAM: Urgh… h-hate…
:PACDREAM: Do not wo-
:JourneyDREAM: H-hate y-you… s-so m-much r-right n-now…
>>
No. 644739 ID: 334db2

Our helmet can't even turn a knife? Should we call in a biohazard team for those spores or something? ...Do we even have lungs?
Pac, check and see if there's anything in the cabinet, ceiling, chest, or under that pot. I'm just going to lie here and wonder how this absolute deathtrap of a can o' angry political dissidents hasn't had a murder in ten years. Then I think I'll put in a requisition request for some heavier armor to go with my new shock rifle, and then wonder why I didn't listen to parent and become a doctor instead of a cop.
>>
No. 644746 ID: e114bc

>>644729
Why did you stand under it?!

Anyway lock the door to make sure no Sakkilians walk through just in time to get a lungful of spores. Where did the Uredo get those spores anyway? Can we vent the room or something via environmental control? There must be some protocol for when a fire starts in someone's apartment and the smoke needs to be vented somewhere.

Oh right can we do another scan for nanobots maybe, now that we've got the suit on? Also just keep nosing around in the cabinet and chest now that the trap's triggered.
>>
No. 644751 ID: 9ddf68

the hell? I said watch out for the ceiling tile that was hanging lower then the rest.

Great now what, do we get backup or just say fuck it and keep one moving on. Because I'm not going back to the damn doctor when we just left him only a FEW DAMN HOURS AGO. Oh and any clue what those things in the cabinet are?
>>
No. 644781 ID: 65a774
File 143328421047.png - (17.99KB , 900x450 , 91.png )
644781