[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 660315)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 41599 unique user posts. View catalog

File 143873148752.png - (95.64KB , 687x524 , 1.png )
660315 No. 660315 ID: 65a774

“A prayer for hope… a prayer for guidance… and prayer for forgives, in their eyes, for what we have done… and the horrors we will do… in the name of our lords.”
Expand all images
>>
No. 660316 ID: 65a774
File 143873151930.png - (26.74KB , 686x526 , 2.png )
660316

:KronosSB: Ugh…

…you were flayed alive… you should feel it… see it with your own eyes. Skeletal arms tearing into your flesh, ripping you asunder... and a laughter… a woman, pure and white, stood above you and simply laughed as you screamed in agony.

:BriannahSB: Are you alright in there? I think I heard you screaming?

You are fine…

:KronosSB: …I…

You will pray to me…

:KronosSB: …I’m… b-bleeding?

You will pray for forgiveness…

:BriannahSB: Kronos?

Or your nightmares will consume her…

:KronosSB: W-what?



:KronosSB: …who said… huh?
:BriannahSB: Who are you talking to? Are you alright in there?
>>
No. 660318 ID: e114bc

>>660315
It's Illasia. She's found out Xuv talked to you and you've been investigating things. Question is, did someone sell you out, or did she find out on her own? Also weird that Illasia used an illusion of some skeletal thing to punish you. Isn't that more Xuv's thing?

>Or your nightmares will consume her…
She's threatening to make you kill Briannah in your sleep. You won't be sharing a bed tonight, but I expect you're safe for now. First thing's first, lock your gun away so you're not a threat. Then tell Briannah that if you talked about it, it would ruin your dinner. If she still wants to know, tell her what just happened, and then tell her why.

Also avoid mirrors from here on out. I'm guessing since the image is a reflection of light, they're part of Illasia's domain.
>>
No. 660321 ID: 8fd9ec

tell Briannah what you saw and heard, might as well.
>>
No. 660323 ID: 3663d3

yeah, masquerading as skeletal to haunt you for talking with a skeleton sounds like a way to attack someone. xuv has no reason to do that. but if xuv is supposed to be forgotten then whoever made them vanish would be upset they were found.
>>
No. 660325 ID: 9297f4

Got a bit of blood on you.
>>
No. 660327 ID: d6fb37

Looks like you're getting dragged into the fresh hell of religious disputes.

Maybe that horrible flaying was Xuv's blessing protecting you from Ilassia's influence.

Or maybe its leftover dungeon mold hallucinations.
>>
No. 660333 ID: c0d22b

>>660318
>Also weird that Illasia used an illusion of some skeletal thing to punish you. Isn't that more Xuv's thing?

Well I believe Krotos said that undead are made when enough life magic is thrown into a corpse so if that's the case it fits.

As for what to tell Brannah, tell her you thought you saw something in the mirror and kinda fell down trying to avoid it. You think that you might still be working some of the crypt spores out of your system.
>>
No. 660334 ID: 334db2

Ascertain status of life, limb, location and your gun.

No, not that, that's a limb. Check your weapon. Where are you? Did you break a window?
>>
No. 660342 ID: ea0ad9

>You will pray to me…
Screw that, pray to the God of Fire. He's the one who had the Phoenix under him. Xuv and Illasia can both be blamed for this. Throw enough Death into the living or enough Life into the dead and you get living skeletons like that. You need to focus on the Four, not the Five or Six now.
Plus, it fits into how your traditions work: The Fire is seen as being holy, not the water, earth, or air.
>Who are you talking to? Are you alright in there?
"Yeah, I'm fine. I just... I think it's left over effects from the poison fumes in the crypt. Hit my head when I fell, but it's nothing major." Get yourself dressed and get out there.

If she suggests you break the dinner to get you some attention, tell her it felt like it happened because you were alone and kind of idle, instead of running around from room to room. As long as she's there, her very presence will keep the haunts at bay (Heh).
>>
No. 660343 ID: 1cebc8

Check the status of your gun. Take it apart and upgrade it with anti-undead weaponry. Then add a lazer for faster aim or a flashlight for the dark.

Patrol your castle.
>>
No. 660434 ID: b9fa4a

>>660333
Let us not forget that Xuv is a skeleton because Illasia cursed her.

it appears that you have slipped and hit your head on the mirror and are currently bleeding, don't have Briannah lick it or do if you're into that kind of thing
>>
No. 660449 ID: 825af6

...That woman you saw, it was Illasia. It had to be... Oh, hells. She knows. She knows you're the Phoenix... Wait... No. No, if she did she'd have done much, much worse. Probably would have killed you... More likely she knows you're poking around. That you're looking for and asking about things you shouldn't. She's giving you a warning and a threat. ...And it means she'll be watching you. ...Fuck, for all you know she could be watching you right now.

For Briannah's sake, in case Illasia is watching for the time being you need to at least look like you're doing what she wants. Tell Briannah that you need a few minutes and start praying as hard as you can.

Yank your jacket and shirt off, pull your pants down and look yourself over for any signs of blood or injuries. Check yourself in the mirror, front and back. You have a bloody spot on your head, above your left brow. You likely hit your head on something. Check the counter and the mirror you were looking in for blood spots. Did you crack the mirror when you cracked your head on it?

Okay, after that scream and you talking to yourself you can't just tell Briannah you're okay. But you're not sure you should spill everything to her yet. ...You could just tell her what just happened here, leaving out your prayer. And then you can tie it into what you said to Tim about worries of mind magic messing with your dreams. Yeah, that'll work as a diversion. And it probably was powerful mind magic Illasia used so if you get it checked for immediately the residue may show up and lend credence.

Hurry out of the bathroom and say to Briannah that no, you are not alright. You think somebody is using magic to screw with your head. Get Sisah in here from her post outside the door, and only her. Tell the other guard to find Tim and bring him here; You'll get him to examine your head as well. Then ask Sisah to do a thorough scan of you with her eyepiece, specifically looking for traces of magic that can mess with the mind. Tell her and Briannah what you experienced in the bathroom, and of the worry you told Tim of magic possibly being used to screw with your dream.

Tell Brinnah you're sorry her dinner plans have been screwed up by this. You were looking forward to it.

What'd the voice you heard in your head sound like? And what species did the skeletal hands appear to be? Vark? What direction did the hands come from? From the woman standing over you or elsewhere?

You're going to have to seriously consider doing what Illasia wants. There's too much at stake with Briannah to risk Illasia's wrath falling on her. And really, you don't give a damn about Xuv's prophecy. You never asked for it; It was foisted upon you. You have enough on your plate with the betrothal to Briannah and the fate of Risavia hinging on both your lives and your marriage. As far as you're concerned, the prophecy can go fuck itself.

Wait, where'd Briannah's accent go? Forgot it again, Kaktus?
>>
No. 660464 ID: 65a774
File 143879646706.png - (32.02KB , 686x526 , 3.png )
660464

>What'd the voice you heard in your head sound like? And what species did the skeletal hands appear to be?
You… you can’t remember…
>As far as you're concerned, the prophecy can go fuck itself.
As far as you’re concern, you have no idea what’s going on! As far as you know, both Xuv and Illasia might be psychopaths that want to rule the world or something!

>it appears that you have slipped and hit your head on the mirror and are currently bleeding.
…you remember opening the bottle of cologne and just as you were putting it on a sharp smell of death and decay attacked you… then… that thing from the shadows came. But, looking at the mirror, you can see a crack with some of your blood in it. You can’t remember hitting your head, but it’s possible? It certainly feels like you did…
>don't have Briannah lick it or do if you're into that kind of thing.
…you are trying your best to not develop weird fetishes concerning her.
>Ascertain status of life, limb, location and your gun.
You seem alive… and all five of your limbs seem intact. You’re currently in your bathroom, with your gun safely tucked away in the holster inside your jacket.
>No, not that, that's a limb.
But it’s the most important one!
>Take your gun apart and upgrade it with anti-undead weaponry.
…you’re pretty sure you’ll need a whole new gun for that… and you’re not a gunsmith, just a gum marksman.

>Also avoid mirrors from here on out. I'm guessing since the image is a reflection of light, they're part of Illasia's domain.
…right, that means pretty much all the bathrooms in the palace. First doves and now this?
>It's Illasia. She's found out Xuv talked to you and you've been investigating things.
…great, so now you have a vengeful goddess on your heels too? How can this get any better?
>it means she'll be watching you. ...Fuck, for all you know she could be watching you right now.
…you didn’t think that your libido should get any lower, but it did.
>Question is, did someone sell you out, or did she find out on her own?
…question is, does it matter? You’re screwed either way.
>She's threatening to make you kill Briannah in your sleep.
...so no sleeping near her, then. You have a hard time seeing if this is a negative thing or a positive one…

>Start praying as hard as you can.
Sadly, you’re not a very religious man to begin with. A proper prayer require a ritual and a sacrifice, both which you don’t fully know how and what they are supposed to be.
>Screw that, pray to the God of Fire. He's the one who had the Phoenix under him.
While Ifocen sound like a better choice than either Illasia or Xuv, there’s the same problem there.

:SisahSB: He’s still in there?
:BriannahSB: Well, yes, b-
:SisahSB: Step aside, I’ll break the door do-
:KronosSB: Wait!

>Yeah, I'm fine. I just... I think it's left over effects from the poison fumes in the crypt. Hit my head when I fell, but it's nothing major.
:BriannahSB: …really? Still?
:SisahSB: Do you need medical attention?
:BriannahSB: Yah aren’t ‘urt to much, are yah?
:SisahSB: I have some healing powder mixed from herbs if you need them…
:KronosSB: No, I don’t think I’ll need that… but…
>You think somebody is using magic to screw with your head.
:SisahSB: Magic?
:BriannahSB: Didn’t yah ‘ave a mage in here a moment ago?
:KronosSB: And I think I need his help again. Let me come out while someone go fetch hi-
:BriannahSB: BY THE ANCESTORS, WHAT IS THAT SMELL!?
:SisahSB: Geez… you reek…
:BriannahSB: *Gag* I… I think I need to c-check the balcony for a moment…
:KronosSB: Smell?


>Get both Tim and Sisah to examine you.
:TimSB: I’m sorry, Kronos, but apart from that awful smell, I can’t find anything magical…
:KronosSB: The smell is magical?
:TimSB: Of course not. It’s clearly holy magic. It’s some kind of miracle that it can smell that freaking bad… especially concerning that you can’t seem to smell it yourself… dammit, you stink man…
:SisahSB: Hmm… while I can’t find any traces of magic, I have to wonder why you have year old feces, urine and some kind of conduction involving sulfur smeared all over your face?
:TimSB: Sulfur?
:SisahSB: … I think it might have been… rotten eggs at one time? Maybe?
:TimSB: Rotten eggs, eh? That sounds like a stink bomb… though I’ve never encountered one that smells this bad..
:SisahSB: Still, why is it all over your face?
:KronosSB: I… I don’t know?

>Tell Brinnah you're sorry her dinner plans have been screwed up by this. You were looking forward to it.
:BriannahSB: No, it’s… it’s fine, really… I mean, yah still need to eat and… we ‘ave some time still, eh? …just… take a shower before coming close to me again, alright?
>>
No. 660466 ID: 334db2

Check your face, is there anything on it?

Might want to put a rain check on the marriage proposal. The mood is dead, buried, and the grave's been desecrated.
>>
No. 660468 ID: 9ddf68

>Stink bomb
If this was a prank whoever did it can go fuck themselves. Also don't stink bombs need some kind of canister or something to act as the actual bomb?

Take a shower for now. See if you can't get the smell out.
>>
No. 660476 ID: 825af6

...Oh, for fuck's sake. It was the cologne, wasn't it? You opened the bottle, pressed your palm over the neck (which trapped the stench) and tipped the bottle up, then immediately put the stopper in, rubbed your hands together and patted it onto your face. That's how it got there. Though, if that's it it doesn't explain how you didn't smell it on the stopper as soon as you took it out. Did you move so quick when you applied it that the stench didn't register in your brain before it was too late?

In case it was the cologne, you better not step any farther into your bedroom lest you track traces of it even more around than you already have. Head back into the bathroom. Ask Sisah to follow, then hold up your palms and ask her to scan them for traces of the same odoriferous substance as is on your face, followed by the bathroom counter and the contents of the cologne bottle for the same. If it is then you'll know it was the "cologne." You'll also know you'll need the bathroom decontaminated top to bottom to get rid of the stench, along with wherever you stepped in your bedroom.

You suspect the reason you can't smell it is 'cause it knocked your sense of smell out. If there anything around here with a strong odor you can sniff to test that theory?

Ask Tim to step out to find a sealed container for the transport of the cologne bottle, if it is the source of the stench, and one for your clothes and shoes to be transported to the laundry. You're sure he'll be relieved to get away from this mighty stench. Make sure to put a note on the laundry one that it has stink bomb residue on it and requires special handling.

If it does turn out to be the cologne, you want it take for alchemical analysis to determine how the hell it smells so bad and what tools and knowledge would be needed to make it.

Who gifted that cologne to you, and have you opened it before this evening? If you haven't, was there a seal on the stopper? 'Cause if it was sealed then whoever gave it to you likely filled it with the stench liquid as a terrible prank, and you'll know who to return it to by dumping it on their head. If it wasn't sealed then it could have been the gift-giver or somebody else who had access to it afterwards.

And all this doesn't explain why you passed out for a minute and experienced a horrific hallucination of being flayed alive by skeletal hands. Was the smell so intense it knocked you out? And so strong it caused the remaining traces of the toxic fungus to trigger a hallucination?

Suggest to Briannah that while you're in the shower she call for nice smelling flowers be brought to the balcony for your dinner to counter any lingering stench. Many, many flowers. Or perhaps incense to burn. Or perfume to spray. Or all of the above. Definitely throw open all the bedroom windows and the balcony door to air it out.

>>660466
>Might want to put a rain check on the marriage proposal. The mood is dead, buried, and the grave's been desecrated.
It's not nearly that bad. The mood's merely been derailed. Once the air's cleared it'll get back on track.
>>
No. 660479 ID: ea0ad9

>Holy magic stink bomb
Well, time to toss out the cologne. Seems some priest pranked you and "Contaminated" it.
>>
No. 660481 ID: e114bc

>>660464
Take a shower. Then maybe see if your nose actually still works.
>>
No. 660494 ID: 65a774
File 143881536874.png - (20.99KB , 686x526 , 4.png )
660494

>Check your face, is there anything on it?
There seems to be some kind of… sticky substance between your feathers…
>You suspect the reason you can't smell it is 'cause it knocked your sense of smell out. If there anything around here with a strong odor you can sniff to test that theory?
…your room should smell of lavender, but it doesn’t seem to do so currently.

>It was the cologne, wasn't it?
:SisahSB: Cologne?
:KronosSB: Yes, last thing I remember before that... horrible vision was applying some cologne to myself.
:TimSB: Let me ch- Ohf, it reeks… it definitely came from in here… ugh, definitely from this bottle…
:SisahSB: Throw it away or something!
:TimSB: Let me seal it… there, that should keep the smell at bay… at least the originating from the bottle. Better burn it a bit to make sure…
:KronosSB: No fire magic in my room!
:TimSB: Fine…
>You better not step any farther into your bedroom lest you track traces of it even more around than you already have.
:SisahSB: Don’t worry, as long as you don’t touch anything. So far it only seems to be centered on your face, with some of it on your hands.
>If it does turn out to be the cologne, you want it take for alchemical analysis to determine how the hell it smells so bad.
:SisahSB: Whatever is in that bottle seems to be years old!
:TimSB: While I have to admit it smell absolutely vile, I don’t think it’s something super special. If anything, it’s probably just an extremely odorous old fart stuck in a bottle…

>Who gifted that cologne to you, and have you opened it before this evening?
You… you think you got it from your… father? Or was it your oldest brother? You can’t remember. But you are pretty sure it was the first time using it… which is odd, as the seal was broken on it.
>If this was a prank whoever did it can go fuck themselves.
Whoever did this prank probably did it years ago…

>All this doesn't explain why you passed out for a minute and experienced a horrific hallucination of being flayed alive by skeletal hands.
:TimSB: While I can’t say anything about skeletal hands, I do believe you might have simply have hit your head. When you smelled that cologne you probably lost your balance, fell head first into the mirror, as there’s blood on it, and knocked yourself unconscious for a few seconds. That, coupled with stress, would probably result in that vision you had.
>Suggest to Briannah that while you're in the shower she call for nice smelling flowers be brought to the balcony for your dinner to counter any lingering stench.
:BriannahSB: Grand idea! I’ll send for someone at once.


>Take a shower. Then maybe see if your nose actually still works.
By the gods, why did your sense of smell return this soon!? WHY!?
>See if you can't get the smell out.
…you think you might be smell free… or at least, you’ve completely covered it with other smells.
>Might want to put a rain check on the marriage proposal. The mood is dead, buried, and the grave's been desecrated.
…Maybe? It might still be salvageable… or at least, end this evening on a more positive note… or maybe it’s better that you wait, you don’t know. Either way, you have to think how to present yourself after getting out of the shower and dressing yourself? Should you continue like nothing has happened or…?

Of course, the bigger question is… was this really Illasia’s doing, or was it just some vivid hallucination? The same thing happened when you met Xuv, after all… of course, you’re not sure if that was real either. It’s possible you’re just going mad and became brain damaged after that fungal accident or something… or alternative, the gods really are jerks who want you as their pawn… either way, things sucks.

:BriannahSB: Heh…
:KronosSB: What?
:BriannahSB: Oh, nothing… it’s just… there are two beautiful white doves out ‘ere that seems to be nesting… it’s kind of romantic, yah know…
:KronosSB:
>>
No. 660501 ID: e114bc

>>660494
SPIES! Say nothing about Xuv or Illasia in the presence of the doves.

Definitely continue as if nothing happened. The proposal is on.
>>
No. 660503 ID: 1cebc8

...open fire.

You can explain later, but the more they learn, the more the enemy can use against you. Find some extra clips for your pistol, then construct some gadgetry - ask Sisah if she knows any crafting recipes that will disrupt all scrying magic, EMP style.
>>
No. 660504 ID: 8fd9ec

i do believe that shooting doves will make us look like a nutter in front of Briannah. So we should not do that.
>>
No. 660517 ID: 46df9e

>>660504
It will also reveal to Illasia that we know the doves are her spies. Best we feign ignorance, and just avoid saying anything she could use against us.
>>
No. 660522 ID: 6df9d1

>>660494
Give pigeons the bitterest stink-eye you can muster.
>>
No. 660523 ID: 334db2

>But you are pretty sure it was the first time using it… which is odd, as the seal was broken on it.
Lovely, sabotage. Was that a thing that your brother would do? Or maybe it wasn't meant to keep that long. Trust me, you do not want to know what goes into that stuff.
>It might still be salvageable… or at least, end this evening on a more positive note… or maybe it’s better that you wait, you don’t know.
Lemme put it this way, it's going to be a while before she goes in for a kiss and doesn't regret it, It's probable you'll be shot at, and it might be prudent for the light god to not know the nature of your relationship with Briannah.

Tell her to not let the pigeons crap all over everything.
>>
No. 660530 ID: c0d22b

Right, well chase them away if you can, don't be to adment about it as you'll probably come off as a loon. If asked why just say you don't want them to crap over everything or try and steal food. If they don't leave then just ignore them.
>>
No. 660547 ID: ea0ad9

>>660503
Don't shoot at the Doves yourself. You can pay somebody, later, to get rid of them to avoid it being directly connected to you. After all, Briannah seems to enjoy their presence, and we don't want her blaming Kronos for getting rid of them.
>>
No. 660570 ID: b062fb

Let's not go full on crazy and start attacking birds. Just let the doves chill. You have nothing to hide, really.
>>
No. 660575 ID: 825af6

...Crap. Those doves might be how Illasia found you out, if they were there when you and Tim popped the book open, or maybe when you hid it, and nesting in a position they could see through the windows. Dammit, you didn't even think of drawing the curtains then. Okay, no talking about anything Xuv or Xuv related you did today while at dinner. Not like you were going to do that anyway.

Tell Briannah it does sound romantic, then ask where the doves are nesting since you don't remember seeing any nests through your windows or when you were on the balcony last. Then ask her to come into the bathroom and give you a sniff. You aren't sure if your sense of smell is working right right now and you want to know if your odor level is acceptable or if you have to go another round in the shower. Tell her you hope removing the stench doesn't come down to cutting your face feathers off since you'd rather not end up looking like a vulture.

Make sure to take a look at the nesting doves once you're out of the bathroom and see how far along their nest is. If it appears they started today then maybe Illasia directed them to watch over you recently. If it looks older then they may have just been there without Illasia's input.

>Either way, you have to think how to present yourself after getting out of the shower and dressing yourself? Should you continue like nothing has happened or…?
Continue on pretty much as you would have before, sword, proposal and all. Say that now that that bit of unwanted olfactory excitement is dealt with, lets get this dinner back on track. Perhaps for a topic at some point you could ask Briannah about her childhood after her father's... passing. Who raised her after he was gone?

What time is it? Briannah told you that she's going to an officers meeting at nine, and you promised to take her to the storehouse after dinner, so how much time do you have for dinner?

>Don’t worry, as long as you don’t touch anything. So far it only seems to be centered on your face, with some of it on your hands.
Um... That means everywhere that had major contact with your hands will be contaminated. So that'll be at least the bathroom doorknob that needs washing off.

>But you are pretty sure it was the first time using it… which is odd, as the seal was broken on it.
So you can't tell whether the contents were replaced after it was gifted or if whoever gifted it to you just reused a empty cologne bottle and didn't replace the seal.

Who do you know who'd be the kind of person to pull a nasty prank like this on you? Or who you pissed off enough to do this? And who had access to your bathroom.

>It’s possible you’re just going mad and became brain damaged after that fungal accident or something…
You could say that, if not for what the Garden said that backs up some of it. So there's definitely something more there than hallucinations, insanity or brain damage.

Here's a theory why you saw Illasia here that also explains how you saw Xuv: When you're either unconscious or asleep in a god or goddess' domain they can slip into your mind. With Xuv it had to be in the crypt, since it was both her domain and part of her prison. With Illasia, it'd be for sure her temples, but it might very well also be nearly everywhere the light falls in Risavia. "Nearly" 'cause the four elemental gods' temples may still be outside her reach.

Unfortunately, if true, this means as soon as you fall asleep tonight Illasia will get into your head again. And once Briannah is sleeping Illasia can get into hers too. That explains her threat of your nightmares consuming Briannah. It sounds like Illasia is going to bridge your dreams and make yours a nightmare of divine proportions.

It was nearly noon when you woke up today, so you probably won't be feeling tired until after midnight, while Briannah has been up since early morning. This means Briannah will fall asleep before you, giving you a window to slip out to see about performing that prayer to Illasia. Think you can sneak into the library then and get a book on Illasian prayer rituals and how to perform them? Actually, you could have a note sent to the head librarian now asking for one to be delivered to your room.
>>
No. 660679 ID: 65a774
File 143889190003.png - (34.06KB , 686x526 , 5.png )
660679

>That means everywhere that had major contact with your hands will be contaminated. So that'll be at least the bathroom doorknob that needs washing off.
…and the bathroom floor… and the sink… you probably have to get your servants to scrub down the whole bathroom.
>Who do you know who'd be the kind of person to pull a nasty prank like this on you?
If it is as old as Sisah says it is, then it might have been one of your brothers. You three did pull pranks on each other all the time when you were younger.
>You could say that you’re crazy, if not for what the Garden said that backs up some of it. So there's definitely something more there than hallucinations, insanity or brain damage.
So, there really is some kind of battle between the gods, and you’re stuck in the middle? Swell…
>Here's a theory why you saw Illasia here that also explains how you saw Xuv: When you're either unconscious or asleep in a god or goddess' domain they can slip into your mind.
…but isn’t Illasias domain the whole freaking kingdom!? Can she invade your mind every time you fall asleep!?
>That explains her threat of your nightmares consuming Briannah. It sounds like Illasia is going to bridge your dreams and make yours a nightmare of divine proportions.
Great, so your dreams are just going to get worse…
>Briannah will probably fall asleep before you, giving you a window to slip out to see about performing that prayer to Illasia. Think you can sneak into the library then and get a book on Illasian prayer rituals and how to perform them?
Sneaking away shouldn’t be a problem. You’re more concern about performing the prayer.

>SPIES! Say nothing about Xuv or Illasia in the presence of the doves.
You weren’t planning on doing that in the first place.
>Those doves might be how Illasia found you out, if they were there when you and Tim popped the book open, or maybe when you hid it, and nesting in a position they could see through the windows.
Dammit, why didn’t you draw the curtains on them! Rookie mistake!
>...open fire.
…you’re pretty sure that would just make you look like a madman in front of Briannah.
>Ask Sisah if she knows any crafting recipes that will disrupt all scrying magic, EMP style.
You’re not sure scrying magic like that even exist other than in stories…

>Ask where the doves are nesting since you don't remember seeing any nests through your windows or when you were on the balcony last.
:BriannahSB: Right behind yah, on the roof.
:KronosSB: Hmm… there’s no way they should have seen me from there…
:BriannahSB: What was that?
:KronosSB: Nothing.
>Make sure to take a look at the nesting doves once you're out of the bathroom and see how far along their nest is.
As far as you can tell, the nest seems to be completed. They have probably even laid their eggs.
>Give pigeons the bitterest stink-eye you can muster.
:BriannahSB: …what are yah doing? Yah don’t like pigeons?
:KronosSB: …those bastards crap on everything…
:BriannahSB: Heh… they do, don’t they?

>Ask her to give you a sniff.
:BriannahSB:
:KronosSB:
:BriannahSB: So, that’s what turns yah-
:KronosSB: Just make sure I don’t smell like a garbage pile any longer!
:BriannahSB: *Sniff* …mmm… lavender? I do like lavender…
>What time is it? Briannah told you that she's going to an officers meeting at nine, and you promised to take her to the storehouse after dinner.
:BriannahSB: Actually, we need to take a raincheck on that. I need to meet up with a few… friends in a little over an ‘our, so we don’t ‘ave time to visit the storehouse. Sorry.
:KronosSB: I’m pretty sure I’m the one who is supposed to be sorry.

>Perhaps for a topic at some point you could ask Briannah about her childhood after her father's... passing. Who raised her after he was gone?
:BriannahSB: Hmm? Oh, I was raised by my uncle. ‘e was an old war veteran, who had retired after losing one of ‘is arms. ‘e’s the one who thought me to fight and train… ‘ow to become as big as I am, really. While ‘e was a kind man, ‘e… wasn’t the best when it came to emotional matters. Of course, ‘e died when I was 16… which left me mostly alone.
:NonSB: Madam? Sir? Your food…
:BriannahSB: Ah, finally! I’m starving!
:KronosSB: Oh! Is it shellfish a ’la Marie? I love that dish!
:BriannahSB: Don’t ‘now. I just asked ye chef to make something yah love, so ‘ere we are.
:KronosSB: Apparently, he does know me…
:BriannahSB: Actually, I’ve been curios about something… that religion of ye…
:KronosSB: Err… what about it?
:BriannahSB: Everything, really. I’m not very well read about the subject, what with me not being very religious to start with. There is supposedly five gods, yes?
:KronosSB: That’s correct.
:BriannahSB: I ‘ave to wonder… see, my ‘alf-brother, Belseth, I’ve ‘eard ‘im rant when ‘e’s drunk about this several times but… ‘e only ever mention one god, why is that? And is this god of ye vengeful? Because most of his drunken rantings are about purging the ‘eretics and burning the non-believers… and keeping some kind of death demon imprisoned in the earth or something… do yah ‘now anything about that? Sounds like one ‘ell of a story, at least…
>>
No. 660680 ID: e114bc

>>660679
Tell her the official story of the five gods, and that you don't know anything about a death demon. It's weird that Belseth is ignoring the other four gods entirely. Even Illasia's version of history admits they exist.

Later, once you're out of earshot of the doves, you can tell her what the death demon actually is. Best not to tell her about Xuv's version of the story, at least until that book is translated.

...also if Belseth is the Dragon hoooo boy we're gonna have issues talking to him. I guess if we can find him a wife without revealing WHY, things might work out? I still don't know how we're supposed to get him a Varkian wife that will bear him a child, as that's impossible. Gonna have to talk to Xuv again somehow.
>>
No. 660681 ID: 334db2

We're not very well versed in religion either. We've heard of crusades or what have you, but that was way before our time. Purging heretics seems... I don't know, beneath the church now?

We can say Illasia takes center stage when compared to the gods of the four roots, but we don't know why they'd be outright ignored.
>>
No. 660685 ID: 9ddf68

>>660679
well if you need a topic changer later you can ask her how she likes Vark cuisine compared to back home. Probably should wait till after she's eaten a little though to actually make the question not seem like a despite grab at a change of topic.

As for the gods question she's ask you. Just tell her what you know about the 5 before you went down into the crypt.

>>660680
>Later, once you're out of earshot of the doves, you can tell her what the death demon actually is.
...going to have to say no to this. I mean we still aren't entirely sure about this ourselves and I don't really trust her with this information yet. When we learn more both Xuv and Briannah then we can spill the beans.
>>
No. 660783 ID: 350a50

>>660685
Second.
>>
No. 660800 ID: ea0ad9

>Because most of his drunken rantings are about purging the ‘eretics and burning the non-believers…
Tell her who the five Gods are, and about how Illasia has been, well, the more active of them. You hadn't really heard of a "Death Demon" before today, though, so there's not much you can say on that.
>>
No. 660847 ID: 825af6

Since she's asking you to share what you know of your religion with her, afterwards ask her to reciprocate and share what she knows of hers with you.

Ask what Belseth was like before he "saw the light," and what he's like now. And does he take to the bottle too much, and if so is it the same as before he had his visions?

Ask what dish she's eating; It looks like it might be a Risavian one. And as long as you're on the subject, ask what her favorite food is, and what ones she can't stand. Oh, and if Sakkilians in are allergic to any foods, and in general what kinds of tastes they prefer. You're guessing sweeter tastes 'cause their dishes are commonly sweeter.
>>
No. 660848 ID: 65a774
File 143896779560.png - (55.08KB , 686x526 , 6.png )
660848

>We're not very well versed in religion either.
:BriannahSB: I figured, yah don’t act like someone who is very religious, but yah got to ‘now something, eh?
>Tell her the official story of the five gods.
:KronosSB: -and then they united and made the people, with earth creating our bodies and strength, wind creating our lungs and gave us a voice, fire giving us creativity and our hearts, water creating our minds and wisdom, while life gave us our souls.
:BriannahSB: Interesting.
>and that you don't know anything about a death demon.
:BriannahSB: So, there’s no evil entity that’s an opposite of the five?
:KronosSB: No, there isn’t.
:BriannahSB: …’ow dull. Yah need some kind of adversary if yah want to make something interesting!
:KronosSB: It’s an religion, not a book.
>It's weird that Belseth is ignoring the other four gods entirely.
:BriannahSB: That’s why I’m asking. ‘e seems to love this Illasia gal.

>ask her to reciprocate and share what she knows of hers with you
:BriannahSB: We don’t really ‘ave a religion like ye do, but I guess yah can count the belief of our ancestors as one. See, after the world first was formed, there wasn’t any Sakkilian, only big and mighty dragons. But, as the world aged and the magic ran dry, the dragon came to the ground and lost their wings. Generations pass and suddenly, there’s only Sakkilians.
:KronosSB: So, you’re descendants from dragon?
:BriannahSB: Not just any dragons, but royal dragons! Ancient ones!
:KronosSB: I’m pretty sure those are just a myth.
:BriannahSB: As for death, we believe in a kind of reincarnation. When we die, our brethren eat both the body and the soul, making those that ‘as passed on a part of us. In the end, we’re simply in an endless cycle, where parts of our souls a reborn anew, paired with the souls of other relatives.
:KronosSB: So… if you’re not eaten after your death?
:BriannahSB: Then yah’re doomed to never come back, are yah?
:KronosSB: …I see…
>ask her how she likes Vark cuisine compared to back home.
:BriannahSB: Considering that I usually don’t eat something as fancy as this, I ‘ave to say that this is fucking delicious.
:KronosSB: …you don’t eat this kind of food? Aren’t you royalty?
:BriannahSB: I’m a bastard, so I’m still stuck in what is basically servant quarters eating cheap food. I’m not used ‘aving an army of servants at my beck and call or living like yah do.
>Ask what her favorite food is, and what ones she can't stand.
:BriannahSB: Favorite? I guess that would be some kind of big slab of meat grilled over an open fire. Probably a calf or something. Oh, and it should be bloody too. Real bloody. As for food I don’t like… I would say a salad. Sure, some greens on the side is good, but only greens? Ugh…
>Oh, and if Sakkilians in are allergic to any foods, and in general what kinds of tastes they prefer.
:BriannahSB: Allergic, I don’t ‘now… but we do ‘ave a taste for sweet things. A lot of candy and jelly and stuff, yah ‘now. In fact, they say we eat so much sweet stuff that even the boys start to taste sweet when they finish, eh?
:KronosSB: …I didn’t need to know that… at all…

>Ask what Belseth was like before he "saw the light," and what he's like now.
:BriannahSB: Well… ‘e’s always been a fucking dick, if that’s what yah mean. But to be a bit more serious, ‘e’s always been looking for answers, yah ‘now… to understand why everything is. In fact, ‘e kind of got depressed about the war, the futility of it… the why it even happened. Then suddenly ‘e got this vision and this god ‘ad all the answers. Changed ‘im just over the night, really.
>And does he take to the bottle too much, and if so is it the same as before he had his visions?
:BriannahSB: ‘e started drinking when ‘e got depressed, as far as I ‘now… especially after ‘e’s brother, Brianthor, died. ‘e couldn’t ‘elp but blame ‘imself for that. But I think it has become a bit better, after ‘e converted. Still an arse, though.
:KronosSB: Uh huh…


:BriannahSB: Oh, look at the time. I need to get going soon. We should ‘ave dinner together tomorrow to… I did quite like it.
:KronosSB: This time, I’ll prepare it.
:BriannahSB: I do ‘ope yah make it romantic, heh… Now, before I leave, is there anything yah want to discuss? Otherwise, I’ll see yah at nine, eh?
:KronosSB: Wait, what about dessert?
:BriannahSB: …oh, right, I completely forgot that that is a thing… sorry, no dessert today… but… I’m sure I can give you something sweet if you want too~


It seems like you’re about to get some more free time and you have a lot to achomplish. You should probably see Tim again about the book… he should have found Cain by now. There’s also the whole thing about the prayer… should you pray to Illasia or not? Maybe you should pray to Xuv for protection instead? Or the god of fire? Maybe you should just try to find a priest for help? You did want to talk to a priest of fire after all. Hmm… one thing is for certain, you need to find someone who can tell you more about this whole… thing happening right now. Being stuck between two angry gods who both might be evil is complicated as it is, without being drowned in your own ignorance.

There’s also the proposal, should you do it now? The mood has come back, after all. You’re sure she’s looking forward to getting her sword back… and then there’s the most important thing. Her chest. You’ll have ample of time finding what kind of horrid secrets it contains when she leave, won’t y- wait, did she just say she wanted to kiss you?
>>
No. 660849 ID: e114bc

>>660848
DO IT. DO IT NOW.
Also take that kiss, I'm sure it'll be quite appropriate after the proposal.

As for the prayer thing, only pray to Xuv if you know how. Otherwise I'd pray to the fire god, to see if they're awake enough to help.
Also only do it after you find out what's in that book. Speaking of finding things out, why sneak a peek at the chest when you can use a favor to find out what's in it? Spend those favors, that's what they're for!
>>
No. 660853 ID: 334db2

I don't know if you want to put the bracelet around the pommel of the sword when you hive it to her or put it on her wrist or what, I don't know the traditional precedent here.

If you're going to pray to anyone, try one of the other gods. they'll have the least biased perspective. The chest is probably just full of soldiery things, don't worry about that.
>>
No. 660855 ID: 99cfa8

>>660853
It'd be difficult to put it on her wrist, since it hasn't been fitted yet.

I wouldn't pray to any of them at this point. Illasia and Xuv you don't know enough about the situation yet to essentially swear your fealty to one of them, and the other four gods are probably not powerful enough to protect you from Illasia if it comes to that, since she has been apparently undermining their power.

Well I mean if you think you can expect a response then go for all four elemental gods, for informative purposes. But otherwise...
>>
No. 660866 ID: db9c27

>proposal
Mhh, she's on a hurry. Maybe after our dinner?
>kiss
yes.
>>
No. 660884 ID: 9ddf68

>but… I’m sure I can give you something sweet if you want too~
But there's something I want to give you.
Then go and grab the sword. We're handing here the bracelet as well right?

>prayer
I say find out more before you do anything that will come back and bite you in the ass.

>what do
Finding Tim couldn't hurt and if we have absolutely nothing else to do we could always hit the range again. Just to let off some stress.
>>
No. 660885 ID: 1cebc8

Give her the items before you forget. No kiss. Find a mercenary and get them into the crypts. Read up on Illasia, see if you can find anything that looks like Xuv before she was declared anathema.
>>
No. 660887 ID: 9ddf68

>>660884
oh yeah I almost forgot

>kiss
you really comfortable being that close to a Sakkilian's teeth?
>>
No. 660980 ID: 190681

Nobody's talking about tongue kissing, and I doubt that's what she's looking for. No teeth involved.
>>
No. 660986 ID: ea0ad9

>Maybe you should just try to find a priest for help? You did want to talk to a priest of fire after all.
Talking with the priest of fire is probably the best way to go. They can help you pray if necessary.
>There’s also the proposal, should you do it now? The mood has come back, after all.
...On the other hand, if you prepared some dessert for when she gets back, that would be the best time for it.
Well, you did say you would be the one to make dinner tomorrow already anyways, so it could probably be then.
>>
No. 661080 ID: 6ebdfb

go book

>should you pray to Illasia or not?
fuck her
>>
No. 661084 ID: fbc59e

So far I'm not liking the idea of praying to illusia, if only because nothing we've heard about her as far as I can tell paints her as anything approaching nice.
Her light only burns and blinds!
>>
No. 661187 ID: 350a50

>>661084
>>661080
There's this thing called deception.
>>
No. 661209 ID: e114bc

I'm worried that praying to Illasia will somehow expose us to her control.
>>
No. 661300 ID: 825af6

Why, yes, she did just imply she wanted to kiss you. You don't quite know how that'd work since you have a beak, but you're sure she'll figure something out.

On second thought, hold off on presenting the bracelet. You wanted it to be romantic when you did, and Briannah just said she hopes you make dinner tomorrow romantic so that'd be the perfect opportunity to pull out all the stops, make things really romantic and special and then present the bracelet. And frankly, if you presented it now it'd feel rushed, like you shoehorned it in on the tail end of accepting her proposal. You'll still return her sword now since this dinner is more in scale with the way she proposed, but your dinner and proposal will be on the scale of a prince to an Empress' daughter.

Ask Briannah to hold that "sugar" of hers for a moment 'cause you have something for her. Say you were planning to present it during the dessert course, but certain unfortunate smelly events seem to have taken that time away from us. Hurry inside and get the sword, then reverently present it to her with both hands, saying you hope she finds it acceptable. Then say you'll take that sugar she was offering and get ready to find out first hand just how Briannah goes about kissing beaked boys.

Once her sugar delivery is complete and the mood shifts down a bit ask her what friends she's meeting, 'cause you didn't know she'd made any here yet, and where, just in case you need to find her. Then wish her well on her friend's meeting and head off to find Tim and Cain.

>Maybe you should pray to Xuv for protection instead?
Two problems with that. First is that you don't know the ritual to pray to her, nor even where to start to find it out. Second is that it likely has to be done in Xuv's domain. Since the only place you know of that fits is the crypt, that presents a problem, what with both the toxic fungus and the increased security on the entrance.

>Or the god of fire?
Actually, you may want to go for the goddess of earth instead. You read that fate was once her domain, right? So if you can get in contact with her she might know more of what's going on with you than the fire god Ifocen. And you also might be able to get the Garden's help with performing the prayer ritual.

>Maybe you should just try to find a priest for help?
Yes, you should. Can you send for one of the earth goddess' priests or priestesses before you go find Tim and Cain? If it's too late in the day for them to visit you can at least send a request for them to tomorrow and get a reply.

>...and then there’s the most important thing. Her chest. You’ll have ample of time finding what kind of horrid secrets it contains when she leave, won’t y-
No opening her chest and poking around in it. That'd be a violation of her privacy. And also, if she is testing whether you won't peek in the chest, she'll have put some way of knowing you opened it on or in it. A few hairs trapped in the closed lid on the back, or a light grease on the lock that leaves a telltale print. So no touching her big chest!

Also, if you did open the chest and find it contains what you fear, what can you do about it? Nothing, that's what. You can't just throw the contents out, and you can't bring up your objections to Briannah without admitting you peeked. So you'd still have to wait until she opened it herself and showed you what is inside before you could object. And if the contents aren't what you fear, then you have to live with breaking Briannah's trust in a small way and worrying that she finds out. You don't want that.

There is something more to worry about Illasia's visions to Belseth: The fact she could do so while he was deep inside the Empire. Either she has the power to project herself into a person's mind far beyond Risavia's borders, or she had one of her followers bring some conduit near Belseth so she could reach him.
>>
No. 661427 ID: cf91e4

Pray to the firebird.
A quick kiss would be sweet, just try not to think of all those teeth right next to your face.
>>
No. 661456 ID: b062fb

Man up, feather brain! Teeth are sexy.
>>
No. 661477 ID: 65a774
File 143922698591.png - (38.49KB , 686x526 , 7.png )
661477

>DO IT. DO IT NOW.
Can’t resist… look at… her big trunk…
>It’s probably just military stuff.
But can you really be sure? Of course, a piece of armor is “kind off” clothes but… hmmm…
>Why sneak a peek at the chest when you can use a favor to find out what's in it? Spend those favors, that's what they're for!
Yeah, that way you can get her to open it for you without… wait…
>No opening her chest and poking around in it. That'd be a violation of her privacy.
…wait, that’s her plan, isn’t it? She wants you to use up a favor… or catch you red handed so she can gain another favor! It’s probably just something mundane in that chest and she made it sound interesting just so you should be curios enough to walk right into her trap! That’s it! Ha! She can’t fool you that easily!

>There is something more to worry about Illasia's visions to Belseth: The fact she could do so while he was deep inside the Empire.
Apparently, her influence is bigger than just the kingdom. Maybe she can spread it with the help of her devotees?
>Well, you did say you would be the one to make dinner tomorrow already anyways, so you should probably propose then.
…indeed, it would probably be prudent to wait for a better time. You don’t need to rush this, instead wait for the perfect moment.
>Find a mercenary and get them into the crypts.
Sending someone like that down into the crypt would probably piss off the priests to no end... and you have to consider that the place is still full off deadly fungus. But… maybe you can talk to someone who can enter it without problem? Your friend the head gardener, Whispers of Growth, is supposed to go down there and clean the place anyway… and being a plant it’s immune against the fungus… you might consider asking it to… keep an eye out for suspicions things.


>Say you'll take that sugar she was offering and get ready to find out first hand just how Briannah goes about kissing beaked boys.
:KronosSB: …I… I can’t help to wonder how exactly you would “give something sweet” between a snout and beak…
:BriannahSB: I was planning on just a peck on the beak for now, but if yah want to tongue wrestle I’m-
:KronosSB: N-no, a peck is fine…
:BriannahSB: Then come ‘ere, ‘eart butt.

*Kiss*

>You really comfortable being that close to a Sakkilian's teeth?
Out of sight, out of mind?
>Man up, feather brain! Teeth are sexy.
You’re not into teeth that have regularly eaten Varkian flesh…
>Fuck her
At least wait to after you’ve proposed to her.

>Ask her what friends she's meeting, 'cause you didn't know she'd made any here yet, and where, just in case you need to find her.
:BriannahSB: Officers, senators… other important people. I don’t ‘now exactly where we’ll be, but I’m sure yah can ask a servant for directions if yah need me.
>Then wish her well on her friend's meeting and head off to find Tim and Cain.
:BriannahSB: I’m sure I’ll be fine, ‘usband. See yah tonight… oh, I do ‘ope yah’re well rested, as I ‘ave a surprise for yah when we get back tonight, love…
:KronosSB: Err… looking forward to it?
>>
No. 661478 ID: 65a774
File 143922699597.png - (33.22KB , 686x526 , 8.png )
661478

>Can you send for one of the earth / fire goddess' priests or priestesses before you go find Tim and Cain?
Before heading to Tim’s study, you make a quick stop and send away two massagers, both asking a priest for some time to talk here in the palace. Hopefully, you’ll get an answer soon.

As you enter Tim’s study, Tim himself is nowhere in sight. Instead, you find Cain hunched over the book you gave Tim, feverishly trying to translate it.

:CainSB: Ah, sir, good to see you again. Tim is currently preoccupied gathering some materials but… I don’t think it will be necessary, sir.
:KronosSB: …why won’t it be necessary? Isn’t he supposed to summon that fire bird?
:CainSB: Take a look at this. It’s the translation of the title, sir.
:KronosSB: …”My first book of the six gods”? It’s some kind of children book? About the gods?
:CainSB: Six gods, too… It’s kind of odd, no?
:KronosSB: I… err… guess?
:CainSB: And look at this, an translation of the incantation for the “summoning” magic, sir.
:KronosSB: …”Oh, Ifocen, the one of the holy fire, granter courage and creativity, hear our plea”? Wait, this is some kind of prayer?
:CainSB: Indeed, it’s not a summoning spell, but a simple prayer, sir. Thus, we have no reason to even try them, do we? Should I inform Tim of this?
:KronosSB: So… we have six different prayers to six different gods?

>PRAY TO ILLASIA
>PRAY TO XUV
>PRAY TO IFOCEN
>PRAY TO GAISIA, the goddess of earth.
It feels like you’re at a crossroad. Praying to the wrong god will probably have consequences, while praying to the right one will help you keep both yourself and Briannah safe. There’s also the problem of convincing both Cain and Tim to do this, as both of them are needed. Either way, you have a nagging feeling that you’re on the right track, that praying is going to achieve something important… but you don’t know what. So… which god should you pray too?
>>
No. 661481 ID: 334db2

> granter courage and creativity,
What are the other gods granting? At least try to make an informed decision here. Also, why only pray to one?

Illasia is vicious, Xuv is mad, and I think courage & creativity is what you need most. disregarding some revelation, go with Ifocen.
>>
No. 661482 ID: 46df9e

Until we know more about what's going on let's hold off on praying to Illasia or Xuv. Considering the circumstances we could use a bit of courage right now, so I say go with Ifocen. As for how to convince Cain and Tim to go along say it may be interesting to see what old prayers were compared to current. You know see how the religion has changed over the years.
>>
No. 661484 ID: 9ddf68

Well we're pretending we don't know jack about god number 6 and if what Xuv said is true and the 4 elemental gods are in a deep slumber I kinda want to see what happens when we call upon them. Go for the fire bird. Worse case scenario is we just get redirected to Illasia.
>>
No. 661486 ID: e6fcea

Ifocen does sound reasonable, as creativity and courage are both things you could use for the uncertain times ahead. And fire does feel like it would be your element, given your nature.

Xuv and Illasia... Well, Xuv is right out of the question. If anyone found out you've been praying to a forgotten goddess of death, things would not go well. And Illasia... Perhaps she would be a reasonable choice.

Perhaps the spooks we've had that might've been from her have been Xuv's doing, to dissuade you from seeking her out? No, too muddled and uncertain, your best bet might be one of the elemental deities in hopes of more impartial guidance.
>>
No. 661496 ID: e114bc

Ask Cain if he can keep the book secret. It's basically heresy.

I think if we want to remain safe we're going to have to pray to Illasia. Worst thing that could happen is she'll remove Xuv's blessing, whatever it was.

But FIRST we should pray to the fire god, in as private a place as you can manage. See if they can tell you the story of why there are only five gods now. Then we'll know if Xuv is lying to us or not. We should also ask them if we should really pray to Illasia after having that horrifying vision.
>>
No. 661499 ID: 65a774
File 143924099310.png - (54.62KB , 686x526 , 9.png )
661499

>why only pray to one?
You have no idea what will happen, if anything, when you pray to one. All you know is that apparently, you can only pray to one of them at a time. Depending on what happens, you might be able to pray to them all.
>What are the other gods granting?
Let’s see… if you remember correctly… earth is strength and diligence, water is wisdom and Intelligence, Wind is agility and quick thinking, fire is courage and creativity and Life is fertility and health. You have no idea what Xuv gives though…

:KronosSB: Hey, just out of curiosity, what is this six god?
:CainSB: Apparently, a god of death, sir. She is the one who guided the dead souls to the afterlife, as well as being the aspect of… let’s see what I wrote… the aspect of beauty and love.
:KronosSB: …wait, what? A death god that’s the aspect of love?
:CainSB: Don’t ask me, sir. The people back then were apparently crazy. No wonder people forgot about this one.
>Ask Cain if he can keep the book secret. It's basically heresy.
:CainSB: Of course, sir.

>Ifocen does sound reasonable, as creativity and courage are both things you could use for the uncertain times ahead.
:CainSB: Wait, you actually want to try this?
:KronosSB: Well, why not?
:CainSB: …because we don’t know if it’s magical or not, sir?
>As for how to convince Cain and Tim to go along say it may be interesting to see what old prayers were compared to current. You know see how the religion has changed over the years.
:CainSB: …really? Well, I can’t stop you, sir…
:TimSB: But I can. Do you really think I would-
:KronosSB: I bet there will be some pretty cool special effects. I mean, it is magic in the prayer, isn’t it?
:TimSB: …well, shit, you’re right! Let’s do it!
:CainSB: …err… really?
:KronosSB: He’s probably been into the spirits again, just roll with it.
:TimSB: Right… the magic symbol is drawn… the candles is in place… and the sacrifice of something of fire is in place… let’s do this! Give me the transcript of the evocation!
:CainSB: *Sigh* fine…


:TimSB: …let’s see… oh, Ifocen, fe’te ne ragata narida nnneei? Kar d’durka beeerrrr-
:CainSB: berkinka.
:TimSB: Berkinka terka suh. Err… ger… ta…duh? Something... um...
:CainSB: ...this is never going to work...
:TimSB: Quiet, you… Ifocen, neer de’ka te-
>>
No. 661501 ID: 65a774
File 143924103607.png - (14.44KB , 686x526 , 10.png )
661501

This is all your fault.

You’re the one who did this!

Did you really believe you should escape our wrath!?

The world will burn because of you!

Silence!

We have already decided your fate.
>>
No. 661502 ID: 65a774
File 143924104513.png - (26.12KB , 686x526 , 11.png )
661502

:TimSB: -curta bat… … …
:CainSB: …so…?
:TimSB: …huh… nothing? I mean, even the “sacrifice” is still here…
:CainSB: …Kronos?
:KronosSB: …w-what?
:CainSB: …are you bleeding?
:KronosSB: …huh… no, I… err… w-what was that?
:CainSB: …what was what, sir?
>>
No. 661505 ID: e114bc

>>661501
...was that a sort of flashback? The conversation the gods had when Xuv was sealed? Maybe Xuv was sealed first because Illasia framed her for something, and then she turned against the other four afterwards and managed to win because there was no opposing element left to counter her power. Or was that an attempt by the five gods to seal Illasia away, and she did something to turn the situation around? Man, this didn't answer any questions at all, or improve the situation any. I guess it didn't make things any worse... although that bleeding is worrying.

Tell them you just had some sort of vision.

I say pray to the earth goddess next, assuming you think you can handle it. I suspect we're not going to get any results the others can see unless we pray to either Xuv or Illasia. Considering it's a ritual that requires two others to participate... actually fuck it, let's go full heresy and pray to Xuv.
>>
No. 661507 ID: 46df9e

Wow we can't do anything related to these gods without spilling blood can we. Seems like someone is being judged for something.
>>
No. 661509 ID: 334db2

>water is wisdom and Intelligence
Could use some of that, too.

>…what was what, sir?
Angry god saying everything is my fault, the world will burn, we can't escape our fate? I don't think it was directed at me, though. I haven't done anything of note, well, ever.

Although I think we should try the water god next, you're bleeding and you should probably take a rain check until tomorrow.
>>
No. 661530 ID: ea0ad9

We should probably avoid ancient prayers for the time being, then. Go for the more modernized prayers once the priests get here.
>>
No. 661531 ID: 1cebc8

Take a break, build some countermeasures. You aren't summoning demons but you are invoking something worse. Do not take this lightly.

Did you hear multiple voices or was it just the one?
>>
No. 661550 ID: 825af6

...What the fuck was that? ...Best guess is that that was a vision of one of Ifocen's memories; More like a "hearing," but whatever. But was it of him speaking to another and their voice for some reason was not part of the "vision," or others speaking to Ifocen? Whether it's the latter or the former makes a big difference. In the former Ifocen is part of a group laying down the fate on one who's made dire transgressions, but in the latter it's Ifocen on the receiving end of that fate. Do you remember if it was just one voice or were there multiple voices speaking?

Dammit, did you remember to draw the curtains before doing all this? Well, if you didn't, do it now and hope no doves saw what happened in here. As cover you can tell Cain and Tim that the light is making your head hurt more.

Tell Cain that you heard someone, or someones, and tell him and Tim exactly what you heard. You think it might have been one of Ifocen's memories, but you aren't sure. It might have been another's memory or maybe the magic somehow caught one side of an ancient conversation. But you're pretty sure it wasn't directed at you 'cause you haven't done anything like the accusations in it... Though... Could it be for something you might possibly do in the future? Or it might have all been yet another hallucination. Ugh, your head hurts...

Don't immediately perform another prayer ritual. That nosebleed does not bode well for what may happen to you if you do do this again right away. For all you know you might have a brain aneurysm if you have another vision so soon after this one. Better hurry over to the medical wing and have a doctor check you out first before you try this again. You can give them the cover story that you got a nosebleed out of nowhere and what with your exposure to the toxic fungus you wanted to be sure it wasn't an indicator of something serious.

Assuming the doctor says you're okay, the next prayer you should try is to... Actually, you'll decide then 'cause you're not sure which one's prayer ritual to next or even if you'll do one at all.

You should take a short nap before you meet up with Briannah to see if you end up having another vision encounter with Illasia. You want to do this before Briannah is asleep so your nightmares don't get to her. Make sure somebody is watching over you in case you have another nosebleed or other medical issue... Actually, in that case taking the nap in the medical wing would make the most sense.
>>
No. 661578 ID: 1a0c40

>>661502
Illasia is the chief goddess, right? The elemental gods were likely under her clawed, bony thumbs before you were born.

Pray to Xuv. Do it for Love. That's what's really motivating you, isn't it? Love of your family.. perhaps wanting to have love in your arranged marriage?

Sure Xuv's the goddess of death, but Illasia has already promised you a fate worse than that, hasn't she?
>>
No. 661594 ID: 3663d3

xuv is trapped but not controlled, will be the only one you can contact for real.

say you think something went wrong due to how the gods are arranged right now.
>>
No. 661606 ID: 9ddf68

>>661501
wait was this all one voice? Because this sounds kinda like a conversation but only half of it. More of an argument really. I feel like we're missing something here.

Anyway I feel like it would probably be better if we take five for a bit. This didn't really answer any question we had. Plus I don't think it would be wise to try and call up someone again so soon.
>>
No. 661693 ID: 65a774
File 143930312622.png - (54.56KB , 686x526 , 12.png )
661693

>...was that a sort of flashback?
It was… something…
>Did you hear multiple voices or was it just the one?
It was just one voice. Manly, deep and fierce.
>You should take a short nap before you meet up with Briannah to see if you end up having another vision encounter with Illasia.
You’re not really tired at the moment. You did sleep away most of the day, after all.
>Dammit, did you remember to draw the curtains before doing all this?
Considering that Tim’s study doesn’t have any windows… no, you did not.

>Tell them you just had some sort of vision.
:TimSB: A vision? Interesting? What did you see?
>Tell him and Tim exactly what you heard.
:TimSB: …the world will burn because of you?
:KronosSB: I don't think it was directed at me, though. I haven't done anything of note, well, ever.
:TimSB: Hmm… true…
:CainSB: Still, sir, this is alarming. If it really was the gods talking and not just some hallucination…
:TimSB: Indeed, this is rather interesting, no?

>Take a break.
:TimSB: What? No! We had some kind of effect, didn’t we!? We must try again!
:CainSB: Tim… Kronos started bleeding. I would suggest that we do-
:TimSB: Poppycock, he’s fine. No, we need to see if we can replicate this… let’s try that weird sixth god… I’m actually quite interested in it.
:KronosSB: Err… actually, maybe I should head over to the medical wing… have a doctor check me out first…
:TimSB: You’re fine, don’t worry… now, let’s summon that god!
:CainSB: Err… Tim, I don’t think this is such a good idea.
:TimSB: Bah!
:CainSB: Besides, I’m the only one who can read the book. Without me, you can’t do anything.
:TimSB: Actually, I already have a picture of the necessary summoning circle and the candle placement… and considering it worked even after I botched the incantation… wait, maybe that’s why it didn’t work properly… either way, this need experimentation! I’ll draw up the circle, place the candles, sacrifice something beautiful… that is to say, me, and then chant… what was it, Xuv?
:CainSB: Err… Sir? You’re clearly drunk… maybe you s-
:TimSB: Love! She was the god of love, no? Maybe I should wish for love? Love for all of us?
:KronosSB: But-
:TimSB: Kronos, don’t you want love? To know how to lay that dragon of yours? To make sure the eruptions comes? That both of you are pleased after the earthquake?
:KronosSB: Err…
:TimSB: Either way, I don’t need you. Leave and see your doctor or stay, I don’t care.
:CainSB: Sir? Should we really let him do this?
:TimSB: Xuv… Xuv… almost done, Xuv…
:KronosSB: Um…
>>
No. 661694 ID: 46df9e

Tell Tim to calm down. None of us should be messing around with this stuff by themselves, and isn't the incantation a little important to be stumbling over if this stuff does actually works and we weren't just halucinating. I think he should take some time to perfect his recitation before we try this again sometime tomorrow.
>>
No. 661703 ID: 246d2d

Tom, If supposedly, the god of fire made me bleed by only speaking in some kind of vision... What could the Goddess of death do to me? Did you even thought of that?
>>
No. 661705 ID: 334db2

Tim! Snap out of it!
>>
No. 661706 ID: c43722

This definitely feels wrong. The reckless and dismissive way Tim is acting is more than can be explained by him being drunk, isn't it? And how he's suddenly so interested in summoning Xuv feels like there's an outside influence on him, possibly from Xuv herself. ...Oh, crap. The sacrifice to Ifocen may not have been taken 'cause he's "asleep," but Xuv is definitely awake to take hers. That means if she does take it it could at best take Tim's beauty and at worst take him entirely since he's offering up himself! It could kill him! You have to stop this. Try to talk him out of it and if that doesn't work take physical action.

Ask Tim what he had to drink before he arrived. If, based on what you know of him, it's not enough to get him into this reckless state of mind then it's probable something else is influencing him. But even if it is enough drink you still can't rule out outside influence on him.

Ask Tim why he's all of a sudden quite interested in doing this particular ritual. Why not any of the other elemental gods?

Say that if he wants this to be a proper experiment it has to be done when he's not intoxicated so he knows that he isn't botching the incantation. Otherwise he won't know what he actually did, meaning he can't repeat the experiment and get valid data. And for it to be proper he should get the incantation pronunciation down pat as well. If anything he should be practicing the Ifocen incantation until he gets it down pat, then do the ritual again to see if he gets the same results.

Ask him if he thought of the possibility that the reason that the sacrifice to Ifocen wasn't taken is 'cause he botched the incantation, and what may happen if he gets "lucky," gets this one right on the first try and it takes his sacrifice. It could at best take his beauty and at worst take HIM entirely! So can he at least not offer up himself but something else of beauty.

If none of this talk stops Tim then as the last thing to say is to exclaim that you just remembered something you read that is vital he knows: That the Five cast down and imprisoned a evil demon of death within the earth. This goddess could very well be that demon. That she's a fallen goddess who did something so unspeakably heinous that she was imprisoned for it. And that what you heard when he did Ifocen's ritual may be related to it. So does he really want to risk having a probably mad god getting into his head? Or into YOUR head?! Or possibly loosing part of her on not just us three but the whole palace! Maybe even the whole CITY! Does he want to risk that?!

If he starts to chant Xuv's incantation then you have no choice but to take immediate action. Draw your handkerchief, then rush in low and use it to wipe away as much of the ritual circle you can in one pass, knocking away as many candles as you can as well. Tell Cain to tackle Tim and keep him from speaking the incantation while you rush to open the door and yell for Sisah's help, then join Cain in trying to keep Tim from speaking the incantation. When Sisah arrives tell her to restrain Tim and knock him out if she knows how.

>It was just one voice. Manly, deep and fierce.
So it's probable that was Ifocen speaking. It sounds like he and the other gods were laying down judgment on someone. Likely Xuv, but you can't say for certain.
>>
No. 661710 ID: 246d2d

>>661703
Sorry, I mean Tim
>>
No. 661712 ID: 9ddf68

>Kronos, don’t you want love? To know how to lay that dragon of yours? To make sure the eruptions comes? That both of you are pleased after the earthquake?
I... I don't think this is Tim talking right now.
>Xuv
Tim, where'd you get that name? I don't recall it in the book.

Ok I think we need to stop him. NOW. Tell him to calm the fuck down. He's messing with something he doesn't even fully understand and he's going in with an already incomplete botch spell that he's only rushing to right down. Stop him before he kills somebody or himself.
>>
No. 661714 ID: c43722

>>661712
>Tim, where'd you get that name? I don't recall it in the book.
It might have been in the translation Cain wrote down, or Cain told Tim earlier, but if he didn't do either... Kronos, ask Cain if he wrote down the goddess' name or told Tim it earlier. If he didn't do either then that's a sure indication to stop Tim 'cause he's being manipulated.
>>
No. 661715 ID: ea0ad9

>Sir? Should we really let him do this?
No.
>sacrifice something beautiful… that is to say, me
Tim, if you sacrifice yourself, you can't very well catalogue the results, now can you? Also, think for a moment. Don't you remember those holy crusades against the heretics and blasphemers? If this book came from back then, then trying to do the one chant that's new will probably get you burned at the stake.

>>661712
Wait, that's a good point. Something may have possessed him when he botched that prayer. If he hadn't botched it, and got possessed, we could claim it was Ifocen himself, but this could easily be any of Ifocen's servants, or even some demon.
>>
No. 661716 ID: e114bc

>>661693
Don't let him sacrifice himself, obviously. Don't we have something that can serve as an offering? Some flowers perhaps?

Maybe he'll stop if you promise to tell him what you know about the sixth god.
>>
No. 661719 ID: 65a774
File 143932555744.png - (51.78KB , 686x526 , 13.png )
661719

>Tim, where'd you get that name?
:TimSB: From the book, of course.
:CainSB: We spoke about it a bit before you arrived, sir.
>Ask Tim what he had to drink before he arrived.
:TimSB: Let’s see… a bottle of fire spirit… some wine… a few beers… a-
:KronosSB: Right, you’re drunk…
>Ask Tim why he's all of a sudden quite interested in doing this particular ritual. Why not any of the other elemental gods?
:TimSB: Well, I already did fire, didn’t I? Seeing as this is some weird god that’s been forgotten or something is quite interesting, don’t you agree?

>Don't you remember those holy crusades against the heretics and blasphemers? If this book came from back then, then trying to do the one chant that's new will probably get you burned at the stake.
:TimSB: Do you really think they still do that!? Last time I checked Risavia has religious freedom. I can pray to whatever god I like as soon as I don’t offend anyone.
>Say that if he wants this to be a proper experiment it has to be done when he's not intoxicated so he knows that he isn't botching the incantation.
:TimSB: Bah! You really think some alcohol will stop me from… err… you know, figure things out, eh?
>Ask him what may happen if he gets "lucky," gets this one right on the first try and it takes his sacrifice. It could at best take his beauty and at worst take HIM entirely!
:TimSB: I don’t believe she would kill everyone who prayed to her, would she? She probably just wants to appreciate my beautiful visage… or ravage me or something, who cares!? The point is… err… it’s pointy. There. Done and let’s do this.
>Tim, if you sacrifice yourself, you can't very well catalogue the results, now can you?
:TimSB: As I said, I don’t believe she’ll eat me or anything… geez, she’s not a Liz- err… Sakkilian… um… yes… Indeed…

>Maybe he'll stop if you promise to tell him what you know about the sixth god.
:TimSB: Really?
:CainSB: Wait… how can you possibly know anything about this sixth god, sir?
:TimSB: Ha! Cain is right! You know nothing! Nice try trying to bluff me, old chap, but I’m not falling for it! I bet it’s the first time you even heard about this sixth god, eh? Eh?
>I think he should take some time to perfect his recitation before we try this again sometime tomorrow.
:TimSB: …nng… fine. Let’s do it tomorrow…
:KronosSB: …promise?
:TimSB: I swear on my egg bearing parent grave that I will not do the prayer tonight.
:CainSB: Your parents are still alive…
:TimSB: Yeah… so what?
:CainSB: …either way, I’ll keep an eye on the book for you, sir, to make sure Tim here doesn’t do anything… less than judicious.
:TimSB: Well… there goes my night… you two wanna do something exciting or something?
>>
No. 661722 ID: e114bc

>>661719
Tim, look at the image in the book representing Xuv. She's got the head of a Sakkilian skull.
We'll need to find something beautiful for the sacrifice, rather than someone.

Ask what the prayer invocation is for Illasia. Just in case.

As for something exciting... is there even anything exciting to do here?
>>
No. 661750 ID: 3663d3

how bout a bouquet of roses? that's lovely and is also a representation of love.
>>
No. 661780 ID: c43722

Tell Tim you're sorry for ruining his plans for the evening but what happened with the botched Ifocen summon really spooked you. For his, yours and everyone else's safety you do not feel comfortable continuing any of this until he's sobered up. ...And seriously, why did he get three-sheets-to-the-wind drunk when he knew he was likely going to be practicing unfamiliar magic?

As for excitement, you've had enough for today. You should go to the medical wing to get yourself checked out, and then you'll relax with a book. You still have that Sakkilian courtship book to work on. It'd be good to check it for what they generally consider romantic to help plan your dinner with Briannah tomorrow. And say you'll hit the library and try to dig up anything related to this sixth god. That way if you want to try and stop Tim from summoning Xuv you can bring that book with the bit about the imprisoned death demon in as part of your argument against him doing so.

Suggest that when we do the Gaisia ritual that we do it in a secluded part of the garden and see if it gets the Garden's attention. Tim wanted to speak with it, so that could be his chance, and you have a few questions for it yourself.

Tell Cain you'll take the book off his hands since you have a safe place to lock it up for the night. (Your chest.) That is, unless he has a better reason to keep hold of it himself. You'll also take the notes with the translations for safe keeping.

Better check the time to see how long it is until your meeting with Briannah and the Sakkilian officers. Don't want to be late for that.

Now, lets clean up this summon circle before we leave... Wait a second... There's a thin purple ring under the center candle that wasn't there before. Tim didn't draw it and as far as you can remember it isn't part of the diagram in the book. Ask Tim and Cain if they can see it as well, and ask Tim if he can sense any magic coming from the circle. Then ask if a nearly completed summon circle could do anything at all, with or without the spoken invocation.
>>
No. 661839 ID: 9ddf68

>Wait… how can you possibly know anything about this sixth god, sir?
"it sounds like something Briannah brought up, thought if I told him what she told me it might calm him down."

>Let’s see… a bottle of fire spirit… some wine… a few beers… a-
Can you please tell me where and why you thought it was a good idea to get drunk before casting spells which you have no idea what they were going to do. Because even I can tell that is dumb as hell and this is coming from the guy who ran into a crypt full of toxic spores when the damn place was covered in signs warning people about them.

>Well… there goes my night… you two wanna do something exciting or something?
Well we're all here so might as well. Just tomorrow when we try this again Please for the love of the 5 be sober, and maybe practice the words you need to say with Cain before we actually try the spell/prayer. You're a good friend Tim and I don't want to see you get hurt because you rushed ahead without thinking. Trust me it sucks when it bits you in the ass. And if you do show up again drunk I'm going to grab everyone I can find and have them march into your room at the crack of dawn armed with every pot and pan in the kitchen to wake your hungover ass up.

As for what to do now. Ask Cain and Tim if they have any ideas on what they want to do... other then try another prayer/spell. Hell especially Cain seeing as he's the only reason that we can even read the book. Just stop by the medical wing first to get looked at. Hell to make it fun for the other two let them come up with a story for why your beak is bleeding.
>>
No. 661841 ID: c43722

Goddammit, you're not taking the threat to Briannah seriously enough. While that possibly wasn't Illasia in your mind when you passed out, it most likely was her. You're taking a serious risk betting that it wasn't, or that it was a bluff, or that "your nightmares will consume her" is something that won't have major permanent consequences the first time it happens. For all you know it'll kill her, or cause serious mental damage, or leave her seriously psychologically terrified of you. Her life and well being is too important to you and Risavia's future to risk this way. You need help, or at least some answers and clarification, to figure out what to do, and the only possible source you know of for that is Xuv.

Leave to the medical wing to get a quick checkup, then get the book and translation notes and come back to Tim, avoiding Cain. Tell him that you changed your mind and that he's right about the sacrifice most likely not being as bad as you thought, though you'll still want to use something other than him as it, and you want to do the summon tonight.
>>
No. 661842 ID: 3663d3

>>661841
good idea
>>
No. 661843 ID: 65a774
File 143939938017.png - (31.14KB , 686x526 , 14.png )
661843

>Goddammit, you're not taking the threat to Briannah seriously enough. For all you know it'll kill her, or cause serious mental damage, or leave her seriously psychologically terrified of you.
By the five… you haven’t actually thought about how much danger she can actually be in…
>You need help, or at least some answers and clarification, to figure out what to do, and the only possible source you know of for that is Xuv.
But it’s fully possible Xuv herself was behind the threat! …or that contacting her will make things worse!
>You want to do the summon tonight.
…You have no idea what you want anymore. Contacting either Xuv or Illasia are both giant gambles. Something is bound to happen, but will it be something good or bad? On one hand, they might be the only ones with information… on the other, both of them probably just sees you as a pawn in their game against each other. Should you trust one of them and pray, or not? It’s a hard decision to make… and it feels like Briannahs future hinges on the decision you make…

>Tim, look at the image in the book representing Xuv. She's got the head of a Sakkilian skull.
:TimSB: And I know how Sakkilian rituals are supposed to… err… go down and stuff… they don’t just grab people on the street and gobble them up like that… they aren’t monsters and stuff… I think?
>How bout a bouquet of roses? that's lovely and is also a representation of love.
:TimSB: Ah! Lovely! I need to try that instead!
>Tell Tim you're sorry for ruining his plans for the evening but what happened with the botched Ifocen summon really spooked you.
:TimSB: Eh… it wasn’t really a plan anyway…

>Can you please tell me where and why you thought it was a good idea to get drunk before casting spells which you have no idea what they were going to do?
:CainSB: Considering our plan was to do this tomorrow…
:TimSB: Yeah… I usually don’t rush things like this but… it just sounded like such a neat idea all the sudden.
>Ask what the prayer invocation is for Illasia. Just in case.
:CainSB: I haven’t actually translated that part yet. It takes time, sir, to actually get it right.
>Suggest that when we do the Gaisia ritual that we do it in a secluded part of the garden and see if it gets the Garden's attention.
:TimSB: Hmm… that might be an idea, yes…
:CainSB: Are we really going to pray to all of them?
:TimSB: Why not? What’s the worst that can happen? It’s not like they hate each other or anything…

>Tell Cain you'll take the book off his hands since you have a safe place to lock it up for the night.
:CainSB: Right, sir… here you go.
>You'll also take the notes with the translations for safe keeping.
:CainSB: Here… that should be all of them.
>Now, lets clean up this summon circle before we leave...
:TimSB: Aw, but it was so nicely painted too…
:KronosSB: Wait…
>There's a thin purple ring under the center candle that wasn't there before.
:KronosSB: Did you two see that?
:TimSB: See what?
:KronosSB: There was a glowing circle in the middle of the rune.
:CainSB: …I can’t say I saw anything, sir.
>Ask Tim if he can sense any magic coming from the circle.
:TimSB: …yeah, when you mention it, there was a bit of a pulsing of magical energy there for a while. Nothing really special, as many magical runes and the like absorbs magical energy like that.
>Then ask if a nearly completed summon circle could do anything at all, with or without the spoken invocation.
:TimSB: No idea. Usually not, but sometimes… sure. I mean, I have a theory that we only need the say the name of the god and skip the whole invocation, but that’s still just a theory.
:CainSB: Either way, let’s clean this symbol off the floor.

>As for something exciting... is there even anything exciting to do here?
Of course there is something exciting to do here! Like… errr… and… um… and you know… that?
>Ask Cain and Tim if they have any ideas on what they want to do...
:TimSB: I was planning on drinking and playing cards with my friends… but they all bailed… busy with work, they said…
:CainSB: I was planning on enjoying a good book with a nice plate of exquisite cheese and wine… but it’s nothing that can’t wait for another day, sir, if you have something more interesting in mind?
:TimSB: Bah, I would suggest that we played a few hands while empting a few bottles, but most good games aren’t really fun unless you’re four or more players… so… I’m out of ideas…

>Just stop by the medical wing first to get looked at. Hell to make it fun for the other two let them come up with a story for why your beak is bleeding.
:TimSB: It’s not that bad… is it?
:CainSB: Maybe you just have a cold and your nose is a bit sensitive, sir?
:TimSB: …but if you want an excuse… you fell?
:CainSB: You sneezed really hard?
:TimSB: Oh! You saw your new wife bending over, showing off that glorious-
:CainSB: Speaking of your wife, sir, shouldn’t you be spending time with her right now?
:KronosSB: I’m supposed to meet her at nine.
:TimSB: That’s in two and a half hours. That means we got plenty of time figuring out something fun to do!
:CainSB: Like what?
:TimSB: Well… err… raiding the kitchen or something?
:KronosSB: …if you want something I can just order it.
:TimSB: But where’s the fun in that?
>>
No. 661849 ID: 9ddf68

>Should you trust one of them and pray, or not? It’s a hard decision to make…
probably better to take this one a bit slower then what you normally do and gather more information. Remember last time you rushed into something without all the facts, like the crypt?

>It’s not that bad… is it?
Probably nothing serious but I'd rather just get it checked out to be on the safe side. Father is still a little sore about the Crypt incident and I rather not worry him again, at least not so soon.

As for what to do, is your body guard still around? She could be our fourth man in the card game. Would also be a good chance to get to know her better while relaxing with some friends.
>>
No. 661851 ID: e114bc

>>661719
...I think Xuv was influencing Tim. I wonder if Xuv was sealed away for a reason. I also wonder if that vision was really caused by Illasia.

Okay, if we take Infocen's vision into account, it looks like Xuv was sealed by agreement of the other five gods. So either Illasia framed Xuv or she's sealed away for a very good reason. Actually... didn't Xuv say that Illasia sealed her away? I think she's been lying to us.

...the Garden seemed to confirm doves are spies, but it also said it LIKED them.

I'm thinking Illasia is the right choice. We haven't heard her side of the story anyway. Fair's fair, is it not?
>>
No. 661852 ID: 334db2

>both of them probably just sees you as a pawn in their game against each other.
I bet that's how a lot of people see you. Say what you will about your brother's ambition or his methods, I think you can understand where he was coming from.
> But where’s the fun in that?
This isn't a sitcom- uh, one of those comedy plays.

Don't plan on praying to anyone, it looks like they're all bad news and that prayer book is less than helpful. You'll need information some other way.
>>
No. 661853 ID: 46df9e

Remind them you can't help raid the kitchen seeing as your barred from entry there. If Illasia wants us to pray to her the ritual the priest we asked for would give should work rather than trying this old one that could give something away if we truly cannot trust her.
>>
No. 661855 ID: e114bc

Speaking of the kitchen, why on earth is Kronos offering to cook a meal for Briannah? Isn't that like threatening to kill her?
>>
No. 661873 ID: ea0ad9

>But where’s the fun in that?
...The fact that they won't see me and kick everybody out? Seriously, if you want to raid the kitchen, you'll have to do so without me.
>>
No. 661934 ID: c43722

Ask Tim if he knows the basic theories behind necromancy, like what kind of magic it's derived from. And also does he know what kind of magic powers the "wild" undead that rise up when the dead aren't properly laid to rest. If he wants to know why you're asking, say this talk of a death goddess has got your mind thinking about it.

>…yeah, when you mention it, there was a bit of a pulsing of magical energy there for a while. Nothing really special, as many magical runes and the like absorbs magical energy like that.
Maybe it stored up some magic from when Tim was repeating Xuv's name earlier. Eh, who knows. Could Tim sense what kind of magic it was or was it just too weak to tell?

>No idea. Usually not, but sometimes… sure. I mean, I have a theory that we only need the say the name of the god and skip the whole invocation, but that’s still just a theory.
That might explain why the Garden said not to repeat Xuv's name, though it also might have been 'cause Illasia might have been listening. Say to Tim that the proper way to test that theory would be to do the Ifocen ritual over again and chanting just his name, but we can try it with at least one of the other rituals tomorrow.

If Tim's theory does pan out, it'll also mean you do the prayer ritual on your own, no translation required, as long as you know the ritual circle diagram, chalk color and what sacrifice to use. So while you have the book draw multiple copies of the ritual diagrams tonight and hide them as backups in case the book is somehow lost.

>Yeah… I usually don’t rush things like this but… it just sounded like such a neat idea all the sudden.
Hm... Sounds like something or someone may have been influencing Tim in his inebriated state since that probably weakened his mental resistance. Odds it was Xuv, but you can't say.

>It’s not that bad… is it?
Well, you did hit your head and pass out for a bit earlier, so better safe than sorry. You can tell the doctor what happened with the stink bomb and you hitting your head, and then you got a nosebleed out of nowhere and got worried so you came to the medical wing.

>Bah, I would suggest that we played a few hands while empting a few bottles, but most good games aren’t really fun unless you’re four or more players… so… I’m out of ideas…
Well, your bodyguard Sisah said she likes to play cards, so maybe we could make it a game of four. Though, with how much Tim has imbibed already he should keep it to a few bottles of beer rather than anything stronger so he'll be in at least half-decent shape come tomorrow.

>Well… err… raiding the kitchen or something?
While you are banned from the kitchen, it would be exciting to try and sneak in and swipe something from the larder. And if you're caught the most they'll do is have you thrown out and maybe tell your father. You can stand a stern talking-to from him. Just make sure you don't touch any cooking implements, lest your cooking curse cause them to explode or something.

Ask Tim if at some point you two can see whether your cooking curse has some magical component, cause you combining milk and cereal and making it spontaneously combust sounds like there's some magic involved.

Tell Cain that you want to arrange a romantic dinner for Briannah tomorrow and you'll need his help to figure out what it'll be. Also tell him that you owe him for all he's done for you these last two days, starting from when you threw that shoe at him. If he has anything in particular he wants, just name it and you'll see to it.

>I haven’t actually translated that part yet. It takes time, sir, to actually get it right.
Then you'll have to remember to get the book and his translation notes out of your chest and back to him first thing in the morning. Also, you should take extra care to keep the key to your chest safe while the book and translation notes are in it; You don't know if Illasia will make a move to take it to try and keep you from praying to Xuv or the other gods. Wear the key on a necklace under your shirt when about to prevent pickpocketing and when you sleep keep it under your pillow so no would-be thief can just take it from your dressing table.

Ask Tim and Cain what's the soonest they think you three can get together to continue this tomorrow. Cain still has to finish the translation, so you figure not until after then.

You're going by the theory that both you and Briannah have to be asleep at the same time for your nightmares to effect her, so the temporary solution appears to be not sleeping at the same time as her. Though, it might be that your nightmares will get her in some way even if she's awake. Taking that into account, your safest option right now would be to stay awake until at least the prayer ritual or rituals are done tomorrow and you might have an idea of how to proceed. It'll suck staying up that long, especially when Briannah gets up at the crack of god-awful and takes you to start your physical training, but compared to what may happen if you fall asleep it'll be worth it.

Best plan for staying up is to avoid alcohol this evening, then knock back a cup of coffee right before you meet up with Briannah. That'll carry you through the meeting and the surprise she has in store for you. Then slip out of bed once she's asleep and spend your time reading books. Get a stack of titles on Sakkilian courtship, culture, and society, ones on the Five and their history, rituals and theology, and anything else of interest. Hide a large sealed pot of coffee in the bathroom and go have a chug from it when you feel sleepy to keep up. You'll keep it in there so Briannah doesn't smell it. And if Briannah wakes up and asks you why you're up, you can say it's a combination of you not being used to sharing a bed with someone, especially a Sakkilian, and the stress of the last two days catching up with you giving you insomnia.

Oh, perhaps you can take the some time overnight to head to the garden and see if you can get the Garden's attention again to ask it some questions about what happened between the gods all those ages ago and why Xuv was imprisoned.

As for who to pray to next... Pray to the remaining three elemental gods first; Start with the water god to see if praying to the fire god first made him angry. Maybe you'll get some clue from them as to whether to pray to Illasia or Xuv from them. But if you don't... You'll just have to cross that bridge when you get to it.

This whole thing is shaping up far bigger and more important than you can handle alone. You have to consider telling Cain and Briannah about your encounter with Xuv and everything that led from it so you can bring them in on it so they can help you. Cain both because he's your oldest friend and confidant and one of the smartest and wisest people you know, and Briannah partly 'cause Illasia's threat directly involves her and she should know what may be coming for her.

>>661851
Actually... didn't Xuv say that Illasia sealed her away? I think she's been lying to us.
Yeah, she did say Illasia sealed her away, but that might mean that it was Illasia as the leader of the Five who decided her fate and they all together put her away. And of course Xuv's lied to us, but about what we don't know.

>...the Garden seemed to confirm doves are spies, but it also said it LIKED them.
It thought that dove was a seagull and it likes seagulls. And it also confused seagulls with dragons. Whether it originally liked doves, seagulls, dragons or a combination of them we can't tell.

>>661852
>Don't plan on praying to anyone, it looks like they're all bad news and that prayer book is less than helpful. You'll need information some other way.
But from where? Both the passage of time and Illasia's actions has done a real good job of scrubbing away any record from then. The only other source of info from that era we know of is the Garden, and that means we have to get its attention again. Maybe if we find another elemental to ask?

>>661853
Except Kronos sent messengers to the priests of Ifocen and Gaisia asking for them to visit, not Illasia.

>>661855
He's going to arrange a romantic dinner, similar to what she did earlier. He's not going to be cooking the meal himself.
>>
No. 662034 ID: 65a774
File 143948622508.png - (27.04KB , 686x526 , 15.png )
662034

>I bet that's how a lot of people see you, as a pawn.
Great… another hit to the self-esteem.
>Why on earth is Kronos offering to cook a meal for Briannah? Isn't that like threatening to kill her?
You’re not offering to cook it, you’re just going to arrange it and make sure it’s romantic.
>This whole thing is shaping up far bigger and more important than you can handle alone. You have to consider telling Cain and Briannah about your encounter with Xuv.
And how are you supposed to get them to believe you? This thing sounds completely nuts, after all.
>Probably better to take this one a bit slower then what you normally do and gather more information.
…but where are you supposed to get information? Nobody even knows that Xuv exists!

>While you have the book draw multiple copies of the ritual diagrams tonight and hide them as backups in case the book is somehow lost.
You have to do that later, as drawing a picture of those circles will take time.
>You should take extra care to keep the key to your chest safe while the book and translation notes are in it; You don't know if Illasia will make a move to take it to try and keep you from praying to Xuv or the other gods.
You’ll keep the key on a chain hanging around your neck from now on, that way you can make sure you won’t lose it.
>You're going by the theory that both you and Briannah have to be asleep at the same time for your nightmares to affect her, so the temporary solution appears to be not sleeping at the same time as her.
…but that would mean you’ll need to stay up all night! But you love sleep! Are you really supposed stay up every night from now on?
>knock back a cup of coffee.
You’ve never really liked the taste of coffee… and it’s way too rare and expensive to just drink a cup whenever. Those beans or whatever they are doesn’t even grow on this side of the world, after all.


>Ask Tim if he knows the basic theories behind necromancy, like what kind of magic it's derived from.
:TimSB: Um… from necromantic energy, duh? I mean, it is death magic, after all…
:KronosSB: And natural undead?
:TimSB: Oh, those things can be made by pretty much any kind of magic, as long as it’s wild. Basically just a lot of magic inhabiting a shell seeking more magic to feed on… which just happens to usually be living things.
>Ask Tim if at some point you two can see whether your cooking curse has some magical component
:TimSB: I’ve already told you, no, you’re just that horrible at cooking.
>Remind them you can't help raid the kitchen seeing as your barred from entry there.
:TimSB: But that’s the fun part! Not getting caught!
>This isn't a sitcom- uh, one of those comedy plays.
:TimSB: Yeah yeah… just order up some snacks instead, then…

>Tell Cain that you want to arrange a romantic dinner for Briannah tomorrow and you'll need his help to figure out what it'll be.
:CainSB: I can help with the details if you want, sir, but I’ll need some more information.
:KronosSB: …like?
:CainSB: What is her favorite dish? What does she like to drink? Favorite starter? Dessert?
:TimSB: Don’t forget about the other details too. You know, like favorite flower, candy and position.
:KronosSB: …I’m pretty sure that last one isn’t really… errr…
:TimSB: Of course it is! The location is just as important as the meal itself!
:KronosSB: Err… right… location.
>Also tell him that you owe him for all he's done for you these last two days, starting from when you threw that shoe at him.
:CainSB: No need, sir, I’m just doing my job, even though your… eccentric behavior makes it difficult at times, sir.
>Ask Tim and Cain what's the soonest they think you three can get together to continue this tomorrow.
:CainSB: I’m here to serve, sir.
:TimSB: I need to go around and renew some of the fire runes around the palace… that is to say, make sure my good for nothing apprentices does it. I’ll probably be done right after lunch time.
>Is your body guard still around? She could be our fourth man in the card game.
:TimSB: Hey! That’s a great idea! What was her name? Sisah? I’ll go talk to here at once!


>Well, you did hit your head and pass out for a bit earlier, so better safe than sorry.
:TimSB: Well, come back as soon as you’re done.
:CainSB: …oh, that reminds me. I just remembered that I need to pick something up while you’re away sir. I’ll be right back.



:TimSB: Back already?
:KronosSB: They said I was fit as a fiddle. In fact, they were impressed that I’ve recovered from the fungal this fast.
:CainSB: Good to know, sir. And here, you forgot about these when you changed clothes this morning.
:KronosSB: Hmm? Three bottles of… oh, right, these induce vomiting, don’t they?
:TimSB: Wait, why do yo-
:KronosSB: Just in case someone tries to poison me. Thank you, Cain.

:SisahSB: So, what are we playing? And what are the stakes? I’m a bit low on coin for the moment.
:TimSB: I got deck with both lower and higher cards, so we can play pretty much whatever.
:SisahSB: Higher too? The only thing I know you can do with a full deck like that is predicting the future.
:TimSB: Well, I do know how to read the cards, and they say you’ll all get your butt kicked today by me.
:SisahSB: Wait, you can actually predict the future with the cards?
:TimSB: Um… well, I do know how to read them, but it’s just mumbo jumbo, you know. But if you want to have your future predicted…
:CainSB: But what are we playing?
:SisahSB: And stake? I vote clothes! That’s tame enough.
:TimSB: …Knowing that your species are a bunch of sex maniacs, I’m afraid to ask what kind of stake that isn’t tame…
:CainSB: I’ll have to vote against clothes, rather play for coin, real or no- please put on your belt again, Miss Sisah…
:SisahSB: But I want to bet!
:TimSB: We haven’t even started yet…
>>
No. 662035 ID: 46df9e

How about this we play just with chips and every however many turns we agree on the current leader in chips gets to pick someone to receive a card reading, they can pick themself or somebody else, then we redistribute the chips equally and start over?
>>
No. 662043 ID: 1a0c40

Reaffirm how screwed you are with an authentic Drunken Card Reading first.
>>
No. 662044 ID: 9ddf68

>…but where are you supposed to get information? Nobody even knows that Xuv exists!
Well some people do. And besides we still have those priest you sent letters out to right? If they come by see if you can't get some copies of some of there older rites and history and while Xuv's name probably isn't going to just pop up we know enough that we could probably read between the lines and start piecing together what the hell happened all those years ago. Just think of yourself as a detective... of the gods. Oh and with the sleeping thing, just sleep in a different room tonight. I'm sure Cain could point you to a free room if you ask him, just tell Briannah you're feeling a little restless and then head down to the shooting range to kill some time, then head to the other room saying you didn't want to risk waking Briannah.

>What is her favorite dish? What does she like to drink? Favorite starter? Dessert?
Well she did say her favorite was grilled meat like calf and while she likes vegetables with her meat she hates food that is only vegetables, like salad. She also said she likes Vark dishes simply because she isn't use to fancy food back home and enjoys the chance of pace. Honestly I was think maybe take a bit of a chance and try and get her something new to see if she likes it, like stir fry (if that exist) or something with a lot of meat in it. As for desert maybe just have a bunch of simple yet tasty dishes just for her to experiment on, if she likes any of them we could always have the cooks make more later. any of this sound like a good idea or would you have it that I did something else instead?

Oh and assuming nothing weird happens tomorrow see about finding a nice sheath for the sword so we can hand that to Briannah after the meal.

>Cards
Lets just stick to coins for now and you can spot Sisha some extra money if she needs it. I mean it's not like we're going shopping anytime soon so might as well.
>>
No. 662045 ID: dbe554

Man Sisah gets quite excited at the thought of strip betting, she's quite forward suddenly!
>>
No. 662050 ID: e114bc

>>662034
>cards, predict the future
...I want Tim to do that for Kronos. It should give us a clue on what to do.

Just bet with tokens since you're not all rich and not everyone wants to get naked.
>>
No. 662052 ID: 334db2

>Great… another hit to the self-esteem.
Sugar-coating is for bakers. Consider it another reason to take charge of your life or improve yourself, especially now that the fires of revolution are under your ass.

No fortunes, we've had a bad enough day. Find some poker chips or poker chip substitutes and get to it. Play extremely conservatively to fuck with everyone's head.
>>
No. 662061 ID: c43722

Ask Tim to draw the cards and tell your fortune while y'all settle in and get what we're betting sorted out. Then ask him and Cain how much coin they'd each be willing to spend in total on bets for the evening and give Sisah enough to bring her up to the lower of the two... Wait, do you even carry coin on you while in the palace? Are you going to have to go get some or just write I.O.U.s?

Ask Sisah why she's so eager to bet her clothes when we hadn't even decided on the type of bet yet. Also point out that if we were betting clothes she'd be at a disadvantage because she's on duty and should keep her armor and gauntlets on, leaving just her belt and skirt to ante up.

>What is her favorite dish? What does she like to drink? Favorite starter? Dessert?
>Don’t forget about the other details too. You know, like favorite flower, candy and position location.
Well, you don't know what her favorite drink is, nor her favorite candy or starter dish, so you'll have to find those out. You did ask her what her favorite food is and she said she'd guess it's a big slab of meat roasted over an open fire; Something the size of a whole calf. Cooked bloody rare. Really bloody. And her least favorite food is salad or other veggies on their own. She doesn't mind them on the side, as long as the majority of the meal is meat. So she definitely leans towards carnivorous tastes. She also said she likes the fancier, tastier food she gets here over the plain, cheap fare she had back in the Empire. Oh, and you assume she has the sweet tooth that Sakkilians are known for, but you have to double-check on that.

So you're thinking a variety of different kinds of meat dishes that in total add up to about a whole calf. Ones with sweeter sauces and fruit more than vegetables, prepared and presented in a fancier way then she'd get back home. As for dessert, definitely something high class she probably hasn't had before. ...Ice cream, perhaps?

For flowers, she did mention she likes lavender, so bouquets and floral arrangements featuring that would make sense. You'll have to find out if there are other flowers she likes as well, though. As for location... What's the highest balcony in the palace with the most spectacular view at dinnertime this time of year? You want that one unless you find out she likes some other venue better.

Could we get some musicians to play some nice background music at the dinner. Something like a string quartet, or would that be to many? And put them behind a folding screen so we won't feel like we're being watched.

>No need, sir, I’m just doing my job, even though your… eccentric behavior makes it difficult at times, sir.
Even so, make a mental note to buy him a bottle of fine wine and a really nice cheese as a gift.

>Hmm? Three bottles of… oh, right, these induce vomiting, don’t they?
Aw, dammit, you really have to remember to keep those on you at all times from now on. ...And now you have this paranoid feeling you're going to need to use them sooner than you'd think.

>…Knowing that your species are a bunch of sex maniacs, I’m afraid to ask what kind of stake that isn’t tame…
Hm... How much would you bet that the Serpens are either the spawn of Xuv or one of her creations? They certainly have a similar sex drive... Though, they don't really have the concept of love she has as her aspect, do they? So you dunno.

>…but where are you supposed to get information? Nobody even knows that Xuv exists!
Nobody you know of. There may still be those out there who know of her in secret. It's not infeasible a book from the Old Empire surfaced elsewhere with records of her. But that doesn't help you now. Here the only source of info you know of other than Illasia or Xuv is the Garden, and in addition to it being senile it very likely did not know what was going on up in the gods' realm back then. Though, it might remember what happened right before the Fall of the Old Empire or before Xuv vanished. And maybe it'll cough up another book if you ask if it has a history book from back then. Perhaps you can inquire about other elementals either in the palace or nearby you could talk to.

You should also see about getting a look at Belseth. Xuv did say you'd know the Dragon when you saw him, so if Belseth's the Dragon maybe you'll just somehow know it.

>And how are you supposed to get them to believe you? This thing sounds completely nuts, after all.
Yes, it is frustratingly hard to prove visits from god-like beings when they only meet you in your mind and soul. You do have the book the Garden gave you, but all you have is your story of why you came to the Garden and got its attention. And now that you've heard Xuv's name from the book, you can't even say her name and have it checked against the book as evidence.
>>
No. 662064 ID: 65a774
File 143950652897.png - (71.68KB , 686x526 , 16.png )
662064

>Reaffirm how screwed you are with an authentic Drunken Card Reading first.
:TimSB: Wait, you actually want a card reading? You know that it’s just poppycock, right?
:KronosSB: Eh, why not? It should be fun, right?
:CainSB: I have to agree. Seeing how messed up the masters future actually is would give us all a good laugh.
:SisahSB: Well, we weren’t playing anything anyway…

:TimSB: Right… let’s see if I can remember how to do this… it was eight… no nine cards… first, you draw a card which represent what the reading will be about.
:SisahSB: Aren’t you just supposed to draw five cards and say something about them?
:TimSB: This version is more interesting… you’ll see. Draw a card, Prince.
:KronosSB: The Fool?
:TimSB: Ah… An innocent protected by his own dumb luck. Often representing freedom, spontaneity, beginning a journey, inexperience, chaos, creativity, and infinite possibilities. Hmm… what can this reading be about? The beginning of an adventure you will have?
:CainSB: Dumb luck? Inexperience? Spontaneity? I’m sorry to say, sir, but that does sound a lot like you.
:KronosSB: Hey!
:TimSB: Well, either way, it’s about your future in some way. Now draw the next card.

:KronosSB: The King of Wands.
:TimSB: This card represent something from your distant past. Something important that will influence your future. Let’s see… The King of Wands represents either a man… a charismatic one at that or a motivation for a new career. Draw another card to see if we can’t learn more about this thing from your past.
:KronosSB: …The Devil? That can’t be good.
:TimSB: Ambition, selfish desires and urges, temptations and the confrontation with one’s inner evil. So, This King is a figure from your past… a charismatic man who is very ambitious and who often acts for his own selfish desires… I would suggest that you would keep your distant from this man if I was you. Now, draw the next card. This card will represent something from your recent pass.

:KronosSB: Death? I’ve met death?
:TimSB: A symbol of deep change, a metamorphosis. A card about Cycles and regeneration.
:KronosSB: So… no death?
:TimSB: Well… death is one of the biggest changes you can experience, no? But let’s see if we can get to know a bit more about this fellow. Draw another card.
:KronosSB: Six of Coins.
:TimSB: Ah! A card signifying gifts and help. If you’re struggling, expect this person or event to help you… but if you are good position, be sure to help this person or event on their way. So, I would suggest you find someone who has been through a big change… or an event that has changed something big in the past and either help them or get their help. Now, the next card, please, whom will represent a surrounding influence.

:KronosSB: The Hierophant.
:TimSB: And an inverted one at that. Let’s see… A card representing the church. A symbol of obedience, education and relationship with the divine… but it’s inverted so… someone who doesn’t believe in the gods, someone that’s not obedient or connected to the church?
:SisahSB: Or a corrupted church… or part of one.
:TimSB: Err… yeah, sure… draw another card, Kronos.
:KronosSB: Ten of Swords.
:TimSB: Often representing betrayal, or that something important is coming to an end… belief, relationships, a career… Either someone will betray you or a relationship will end between you and someone connected to the church? Draw the next card, this one will be about the greatest influence of your future.

:KronosSB: Queen of Cups.
:TimSB: Oh… a vigilant or matchmaking woman… or a developing relationship or romance. This is clearly about Briannah, no? Draw the next card.
:KronosSB: Ten of Cups.
:TimSB: *Snort* …heh… she will bring you a lot of happiness.
:KronosSB: …is that really what the cards are saying?
:TimSB: Yes, Ten of Cups represents the pinnacle of happiness, a card about dreams coming true. Relationships will blossom and be filled with harmony!
:KronosSB: Pff… really? You’re just making this up, aren’t you?
:TimSB: It’s true! Honest!

:SisahSB: So… an evil man from the past will mess things up, something will change or someone who has changed will help you, some corrupt priest will betray you and you’ll be happy with your new wife?
:TimSB: That’s the gist of it, yeah. But it’s just cards, it’s not real. But it was fun nonetheless. Now, can we play something?



>Just bet with tokens since you're not all rich and not everyone wants to get naked.
:TimSB: All in!
:SisahSB: Kings court, pages high.
:TimSB: Child of a- argh, I’m out…
:SisahSB: Playing with pretend markers aren’t really fun…
:TimSB: You’re just saying that because you’re winning…
:SisahSB: And now we lost a player too…
:CainSB: Hmm… I got an idea… how about we spice it up a bit while getting Tim back into the game? How about we make every ten chips worth one truth or dare? That is to say, for every ten chips you own, you can ask someone anything you want and they’ll have to answer truthfully, or dare them to do something.
:SisahSB: How exactly will that get Tim back in the game?
:CainSB: Simple, as soon as someone is broke, we use our questions or dares we’ve gathered before redistribute the coin again equally among us, starting anew.
:SisahSB: Sounds better than nothing.
:TimSB: As long as I get back into the game again.

Hmm… it seems you have enough for six questions or dares… should you agree to these new rules?
>>
No. 662086 ID: e114bc

>>662064
Death looks exactly like Xuv. ...and the Inverted Heirophant is almost certainly referring to Illasia. Well, I'm switching sides yet again. This card reading is definitely telling us to pray to Xuv. I'd like to do that tonight but I'm not sure we can or really need to.

The Devil doesn't quite look like Xuv, does it? She doesn't have horns. Anyway it obviously refers to your brother. Corrupt ambition. The fallout from his deeds has not yet finished, it seems...

Okay, six questions/dares might be too much. How about every twenty chips instead? Also, establish some ground rules of decency. Nothing that involves removing clothing or leaving the room. Also there should be a penalty for refusing a question/dare. A chip penalty on the next round I suppose.
>>
No. 662099 ID: 1a0c40

Xuv may have helped you already, you know. Perhaps that horrifying vision of her stabbing you through the chest was her divine power killing all those nasty spores before they left you asthmatic and ruined for the rest of your shortened life. Maybe you owe her.
>>
No. 662132 ID: 334db2

Looks like we've found a direction. And don't just say it's just mystic BS, you wouldn't have made up your mind any better anyway.

Distributed evenly, or at the asker's discretion?
>>
No. 662135 ID: 3663d3

6 of coins over death. help from death, help from xuv.
>>
No. 662192 ID: c43722

You'd like to modify the rules a bit first. Keep it ten chips per question/dare. Limit dares to at most removing of clothes and at that level its to be kept to within this room. And add the option to refuse a question or dare at the cost of a ten chip penalty next game; Penalty chips to be removed entirely from the game after initial chip redistribution so they don't go to the other players and give them even more of an advantage. This acceptable to everybody?

You'd have to get a book on fortune telling to check whether Tim was making things up there, but that reading sounded a hell of a lot like what's happened to you recently. Cain's spot on about you being The Fool, especially these last two days. The King of Wands overlaid with The Devil was your brother Krotos. Death overlaid with the Six of Coins was your meeting with Xuv and her blessing you, and that you should seek her help and give her help in kind. The inverted Hierophant overlaid with the Ten of Swords either represents Illasia and that she'll betray you, or possibly Belseth. And the Queen of Cups overlaid with the Ten of Cups is totally Briannah, as her presence in your life has already had a positive influence on you with a promise of even more to come.

It's uncanny how close that reading sounded. Perhaps reading a fortune in the cards is a kind of ritual to Fate. That it'll reveal in the cards the threads of fate that run through a person. Or perhaps only for one who lies heavy on the Web of Fate such as you.

That image on The Devil card looked somewhat like the one of Xuv in the book on the six gods, albeit with horns added. It's probably the depiction of the imprisoned evil death demon from the Illasian church's scripture. And the image on the death card looked like Xuv as she was when you saw her, which has to make you wonder where the card illustrator got their ideas from.

Going by your fortune reading, you ought to pray to Xuv for guidance. Of course it'd look to be foolish to make your decision based on the cards, but you're running out of time. It's either take a gamble praying to Xuv, or take a gamble that Illasia following through on her threat won't cause serious irrevocable damage to or outright kill Briannah tonight and you can pray to her or Xuv tomorrow.

As for how to pray to Xuv tonight if you decide to do so... By the time you get through with Briannah it'll be past bedtime and Tim'll be asleep. You could slip out once Briannah's asleep and wake him, but it's unlikely he'd be willing to cooperate. So maybe you could do the prayer ritual on your own. You have the summon circle diagram, you know what the sacrifice is, and if Tim's theory pans out you only need to chant Xuv's name.
>>
No. 662193 ID: 1cebc8

Act obnoxious. Make them want to ask stupid questions about you or none at all.
>>
No. 662275 ID: 9ddf68

>The King of Wands.
>The Devil
kinda sounds like your brother, Krotos. From what Briannah tells us of him he was charismatic to high heaven but from what we learned he did have some very "bold" desires.

>Death
>6 of coins
...almost sounds like Xuv, and more then just death. She has changed your life and she does need help. Could also be your living brother as well but I'm only saying that because a lot of people seem to associate him with money and with the 6 of coins... probably not him though.

>The Hierophant
>Ten of Swords
This sounds like it could either be Briannah's brother or maybe one of those priest you sent a letter out to. Hard to tell at this point.

>Queen of Cups
>Ten of Cups
ha

then again all of this could just be a load of crap or even have been manipulated but for now who gives a damn, lets just have some fun while there's still some day light to burn. speaking of which

>it seems you have enough for six questions or dares… should you agree to these new rules?
sure why not. I do have some questions I'd like to some of the others. As for what, One for Cain is "why did he become your man servant?" I mean from what I've learned about this guy he has the brains to pretty much become whatever he wanted or at least something far more then just a man servant. I mean I know you two were friends as kids but if he wanted to stick close to you there probably are tons of other jobs he could have chosen within the castle, so why did he chose this job.
Another is for Sisah. Just what did she do to earn your fathers trust. I mean I know she saved you when you where a kid and that probably got her a lot of points with the old buzzard but there has to be something more. I mean she had to do more for the him then just saving you because, as she put it, she was just passing by, saw you were in trouble, and thought that saving you would earn her a quick buck.
You don't have to ask these now but if you do need something to ask later they're there for you.
>>
No. 662345 ID: 65a774
File 143958044872.png - (45.52KB , 686x526 , 17.png )
662345

>Death looks exactly like Xuv.
At first glance, you should have sworn it was Xuv that was depicted on that card, but on a closer inspection, it seems like it’s just a generic Varkian skeleton clad in black wielding a scythe. Your eyes must be playing trick on you. Of course, it seems like it’s main color is still purple, but that is the color of death magic…
>The Devil doesn't quite look like Xuv, does it?
It should be a demonized version of the picture in the book.

>The King of Wands kinda sounds like your brother, Krotos.
If what father told you is true, it sure does.
>Death almost sounds like Xuv, and more than just death. She has changed your life and she does need help.
And she is a figure of my recent past too…
>The Hierophant sounds like it could either be Briannah's brother or maybe one of those priest you sent a letter out to.
Either way, not someone you would want on your bad side.
>The Inverted Heirophant is almost certainly referring to Illasia.
Saying that a god is corrupt is a bit… much, isn’t it?
>the Queen of Cups overlaid with the Ten of Cups is totally Briannah, as her presence in your life has already had a positive influence on you with a promise of even more to come.
Well… err… that’s true…

>It's uncanny how close that reading sounded. Perhaps reading a fortune in the cards is a kind of ritual to Fate.
It can’t be coincidence, can it? There has to be some kind of magic here…
>Maybe you could do the prayer ritual on your own.
…You have nearly everything you need to do that, only thing missing is the right incantation… but, if Tim’s theory is correct, you won’t actually need it… hmm… should you pray to her?

>Okay, six questions/dares might be too much. How about every twenty chips instead?
:CainSB: Well, if you insist.
>Also, establish some ground rules of decency.
:TimSB: Can’t we do it the democratic way? Just have a quick vote if something strikes us as too indecent?
:CainSB: No outright nudity, no leaving the room?
:TimSB: Sounds good.
:SisahSB: Aw…
>Also there should be a penalty for refusing a question/dare.
:TimSB: Lose some chips the next round?
:CainSB: That would be ideal, yes. So, who wants to go first?
:KronosSB: I think I got a few questions.

>Why did Cain become your man servant?
:CainSB: Do you really need to ask, sir?
:TimSB: Actually, I’m curious too.
:CainSB: I’m a man without heritage. My choices are a bit limited thanks to that. My choice was to stay in the palace, live like a king and being around friends while being paid my own weight in gold. I have to say the pros outweigh the cons with a few tons, no?
>Another is for Sisah. Just what did she do to earn your fathers trust.
Let’s see… saving your life, saving his life (even though his beak was hurt), saving your brother’s life… *Cough*killedhimtoo*Cough* and I’ve done a lot of work under the war here. That and I’m loyal to one of this kingdoms most loyal allies, so that’s a plus too.
:KronosSB: Wait, you saved Karas?
:SisahSB: Wrong brother.
:KronosSB: You sa-

:TimSB: That’s enough for one truth or dare. You still got one left, Kronos.
:KronosSB: Err… give me a moment to think about it.
:CainSB: Well, I guess I got enough for one question… let’s see… I guess I’ll start by fulfilling Sisah’s wish. Remove a piece of clothing.
:SisahSB: There goes my belt…

:SisahSB: Right, my turn… I got over eighty chips so… Tim, what is the most embarrassing moment you’ve had?
:TimSB: Um… once, by accident, I held a whole report in front of a hundred people in the nude when I attended collage…
:SisahSB: By accident!?
:TimSB: Well, see… it’s not really a taboo for us to not wear clothes on our outside as long as we wear something on the inside and… I kind of forgot about that too… and I didn’t notice it until I was already halfway done… don’t know if anyone else noticed it either… um…
:SisahSB: Heh… Cain, same question.
:CainSB: I walked in on Kornos when he had lady company once while bringing him tea.
:KronosSB: Oh gods, I remember that.
:CainSB: Didn’t notice he wasn’t alone until I actually went up to the bed and offered him tea…
:SisahSB: Really?
:CainSB: Well, it was dark…
:SisahSB: Still, I would think that would be more embarrassing for Kronos then you… but speaking of Kronos, same question again!
:KronosSB: Err…
:SisahSB: And a Dare too! I’ve heard a rumor that you have a heart on your butt, show it off!
:KronosSB: Wait, what!?
:SisahSB: You heard me!
>>
No. 662356 ID: e114bc

>>662345
That breaks the no nudity rule, doesn't it? If the painting is around you can show her that, but otherwise it's invalid to show the entire "heart". You can show her the tip of the heart, though. The part that you don't have to take your pants all the way off to show off.
If the others rule that it doesn't break the nudity rule then just show it off while keeping as much dignity intact as you can muster.

Ask her if she knew Krotos. What was he like?

Pray to Xuv tonight. See if you can talk to her and ask her for more details on what happened to cause her imprisonment. We now know that praying to the other elemental gods gives us a vision of the past, so we can fact check her now. Based on how much Xuv is lying to us, we can then decide to pray to Illasia or not afterwards.
>>
No. 662357 ID: 9ddf68

>what is the most embarrassing moment you’ve had?
...Well if you ask anyone around the castle they'd all tell you I'm a horrible cook. So a few years back one of our chiefs hears about this and decided to teach me how to make myself a proper meal. I'm sure they meant well but... long story short, the kitchen had to be completely replaced, 3 people had to go to the castle's medical wing form minor injuries, and I was tested for days to see if I actually knew any magic as most people couldn't believe I did what I did without magic.
add whatever details you want to this

>I’ve heard a rumor that you have a heart on your butt, show it off!
Sisah I'm sure nobody else here wants to see my ass... and where the hell did you hear that?

If the dare doesn't get Veto'd as it brakes the nudity rule, and people keep insisting then I guess go ahead and do it. She never said though you had to keep your pants off though so after a quick peek go back to the game.
>>
No. 662360 ID: 1a0c40

>>662345
Well.. 'showing it off' isn't the same as 'strip off your pants' so.. a peek wouldn't hurt would it? Besides if she's going to be your bodyguard for the indeterminate future, she will likely see you naked at some point.

... just double check for Doves and a certain stealth lizard, first, and bar the door against intrusion.
>>
No. 662481 ID: c43722

Who the heck did she hear that rumor from...? No, wait, you can guess the how, if not the who. Briannah called you "'eartbutt" out on the training field and either one of the palace servants, guards, or a training soldier overheard her and started the rumor. And then it spread like wildfire through their ranks as only palace rumors can until it came to Sisah's ears. That's how it happened, right? ...Or maybe one of the servants came into the studio and saw Briannah's portrait of your backside 'cause she didn't lock it up or even cover it. Dammit, you'll have to ask her about that later. Well, it doesn't matter how or who 'cause the rumor is out and you're not getting that proverbial cat back in the bag.

Okay, you'll show it off, but only to Sisah. We'll go to another room and close the door so nobody else peeks. Then press your legs together so you don't give a back view of your loins, keep your tail feathers down, and then drop your drawers just enough for her to confirm that yes, the white plumage over your butt does indeed form an inverted heart shape. And if she wants she can attest to Tim and Cain to that fact you won't deny it.

As for your most embarrassing moment... Your first and likely last experience with recreational drugs. Hallucinogenic 'shrooms. Fairly strong if you eat one, but you being impulsive you didn't read the directions so you didn't know they take a bit of time to kick in after you eat one. So you ate one, waited a minute, didn't think it was working and took another. And another. And another. And by the time the first one kicked in you'd taken a combined dose large enough to give someone the size of Briannah a nice trip and send a featherweight like you flying to the Moon. You don't remember much after that, just garbled dream bits like gnomes coming out of the walls and trying to pluck your feathers, and you woke up in a bed in the medical wing the next day to your father's disapproving glare. He told you what happened: You'd gone for a jog around the garden while having a conversation with thin air. Sans clothes. Apparently you thought you were invisible and inaudible if you took them off. And when the guards tried to catch you you climbed up the wall into a window and somehow lost them, only to show up in the kitchen, still naked. Where you attempted to cook. This went... Badly, to say the least. A sizable portion of the kitchen floor and wall had to be rebuilt, and it took weeks for all the burnt feathers on your face and down your front to grow back. After that you've vowed not to touch anything stronger than the occasional shot of liquor... And that's not just 'cause your father said there'd be consequences if you did something like that again.

And your question to Sisah is her question to you: What was her most embarrassing moment?

>...saving his life (even though his beak was hurt)...
Wait... Do you remember a Serpens being in his bodyguard detail three years ago?

>...saving your brother’s life… *Cough*killedhimtoo*Cough*...
What? When did she save Krotos' life? And where, how and from whom? And... WHAT?! She's the one who killed Krotos?! She was at the battle where he died?! Why? How? What...? ...Wait, wait, wait... How did she get from saving your father all the way out to the battlefield where Krotos was killed? Or vice versa? But that's assuming that Krotos' assassinations were timed to go off at or close to the time of the battle. There might have been enough time for her to get from here to there or there to here. Well, now you have to ask her about this, but it'll have to wait until after the card game is over and you can get her somewhere private. ...And dammit, she shouldn't have said she killed him, even though she hid it in a cough... And Serpens can't actually cough. Goddammit, Sisah, that's a top state secret you're playing loose with...

>…You have nearly everything you need to do that, only thing missing is the right incantation… but, if Tim’s theory is correct, you won’t actually need it… hmm… should you pray to her?
You wish you had more time to pray to the other gods and maybe find out more about Xuv or Illasia, but you don't have it before you go to sleep and your nightmares presumably get Briannah. You'll pray to Xuv, but only primarily to find out what the threat Illasia made is and how to counter it. ...Dammit, you hope you're not making a terrible mistake.

The card for Death represents cycles and regeneration, right? Ends and beginnings? And Xuv said she's the "end and beginning of all things," so that fits. And didn't the Garden say that a new cycle and regeneration was coming soon? With new gods and new sons? ...You think maybe Illasia imprisoned Xuv to prevent a new cycle? Or maybe it was to try and dodge her fate like she did with manipulating the Dragon, and through him events, to kill Krotos and derail the prophecy?
>>
No. 662484 ID: 334db2

No, you're not dropping your pants. Eat the chip penalty if the vote doesn't go through.
>but speaking of Kronos, same question again!
Finding out that particular rumor has been spread. A certain Someone must have less discretion than even you.

Alright, last question. Sisah, there's a big war to the south. What brings a mercenary here instead of there?
>>
No. 662493 ID: 1cebc8

If you have to show them your butt, be sure to fart while doing it.

Sisah, do you have any daughters?
>>
No. 662617 ID: 60f1fe

...Was It you, Cain? (the one Who told her)
>>
No. 662625 ID: ea0ad9

>And a Dare too! I’ve heard a rumor that you have a heart on your butt, show it off!
Okay this officially qualifies as the most embarassing thing ever. Not being dared to show it off, but learning that in this short time people already spread the story so much.
>No outright nudity, no leaving the room?
Showing off the naked butt would involve outright nudity, wouldn't it? Only way of avoiding that would be the painting, and that would involve leaving the room.
>>
No. 662631 ID: 65a774
File 143966054945.png - (45.00KB , 686x526 , 18.png )
662631

>Pray to Xuv tonight.
Well… it is for the safety of Briannah…
>…just double check for Doves and a certain stealth lizard, first, and bar the door against intrusion.
The door is locked, there are no signs of any super advanced flying stealth lizards nor Doxan, so it seems like you’re not currently being watched.

>Wait... Do you remember a Serpens being in his bodyguard detail three years ago?
:SisahSB: Wrong assassination attempt.
:KronosSB: But his beak was damaged in that attempt…
:SisahSB: Ah, then I must have misremembered. No, I wasn’t here at that time, but I did save him from some Sakkilian ninjas once.
>When did she save Krotos' life? And where, how and from whom?
:SisahSB: When he was teenager, from Sakkilians and further north from here.
>Ask her if she knew Krotos. What was he like?
:SisahSB: If I may be so crude, I would say that if his ego got any bigger, it would collapse into itself. Maybe that’s why I thought the world rotated around him, because his ego had such a big mass.

>That breaks the no nudity rule, doesn't it?
:SisahSB: You don’t actually-
:CainSB: Actually, it does.
>Sisah I'm sure nobody else here wants to see my ass.
:TimSB: I want to see you embarrass yourself…
:CainSB: Either way, no, no showing off butts, please. I can confirm that yes, he has an heart on his butt.
>You can show her the tip of the heart, though.
:KronosSB: See? Here’s the tip of it on my back.
:SisahSB: Huh… I thought it would be smaller…
>and where the hell did you hear that?
:SisahSB: I’ve been standing guard for you the whole day. Do you really think I haven’t been paying attention to you? Your wife did mention it several times when she believed you two to be alone, after all.

>As for your most embarrassing moment... Your first and likely last experience with recreational drugs. Hallucinogenic 'shrooms.
:SisahSB: Drugs? Really?
:KronosSB: What followed was me running around naked through the whole palace while I believed I was invisible.
:SisahSB: Invisible?
:KronosSB: Well, armor makes you easier to spot, right? So I thought the reverse was also true… thus, being naked equals being invisible. So there I was, naked, being chased by guard, and I ran right through the grand hall where nearly my whole family where before heading off to one of the kitchens.
:TimSB: Oh, I remember that. There’s a reason why the roof of the palace near the main kitchen is newer then the rest.
:SisahSB: …you blow off the roof!?
:KronosSB: I’m a lousy cook… luckily, no one was killed… though I did send seven people to the medical wing… noting serious, but still…
:SisahSB: Remind me to never let you close to a kitchen.

>And your question to Sisah is her question to you: What was her most embarrassing moment?
:SisahSB: Well, there was a bit of a culture clash when I came here the first time, let me tell you. See, where I’m from, it’s just natural to get intimate with your employer to create a more loyal bond. So, the first contract I got here got a bit awkward as I… made myself ready for something else just as my employer whole family came into the room, children and all. Nearly lost the contract right there and then.
>Sisah, do you have any daughters?
:SisahSB: Chances are high, yes, but as most of my species I don’t really care about that.

The game goes on, and after several more embarrassing stories and dares it start to draw into a close. There’s still half an hour until nine and your meeting with Briannah, so you have time for some last minute preparations if you are so inclined. Should you go and pray to Xuv right now before you meet Briannah, or should you wait? Maybe you should clean yourself up a bit before you go, as you smell a bit of alcohol at the moment, but then you won’t have time to pray? Or maybe you should just play another hand with your friends and relax?
>>
No. 662665 ID: e114bc

>>662631
Clean yourself up. Have Briannah join you for the prayer.
>>
No. 662668 ID: c43722

>>662665
Can't do that for two reasons. First, if Kronos cleans up there won't be enough time for the prayer. Second, Briannah is presumably still in that get-together with her friends and probably won't leave.
>>
No. 662670 ID: 334db2

Pray first, leave medical ward and/or rise from a shallow grave, borrow some cologne that isn't a stink bomb, meet Briannah.
>>
No. 662694 ID: c43722

Don't pray to Xuv now since there's a fair chance that you'll end up getting much more than a nosebleed when you do; You might end up seizing on the floor like back in the crypt or something else that'll put you in the medical wing. There's also the matter of you still not being so sure you should pray to her or not. For all you know Illasia will sense your prayer to Xuv and drop the hammer on Briannah for your insolence. Or something else terrible will happen if you do.

Instead pray to the three remaining elemental gods, or at least one, preferably Gaisia, to try and find out more of Xuv or Illasia. You have Cain's translation notes with the ritual instructions and what the sacrifices are, and you already know their names, so you can attempt it. And if you decide to pray to Xuv afterwards you can do so later tonight, after Briannah goes to sleep. You probably aren't going to be sleepy until late anyway since you got up late.

But if Cain hasn't translated at least one of the remaining three elemental gods' prayer rituals yet, pull him aside and give him the book and his translation notes and ask him to get on that. Translate just the basics of how to make the ritual circle and what their sacrifices are, skipping the whole invocations, and bring the translation to your room when he's done. You can do them later tonight, after Briannah's asleep.

Right before you do start chanting for the prayer tell Sisah through the door to knock five minutes from now and if you don't respond to come in and get you. That way if you do end up in a medical situation you won't be laying on the floor for who knows how long until she checks on you.

Grab a bottle of cologne you know is good and bring it with you. Apply it right before you go to meet Briannah to cover the trace smell of alcohol.

Before you do the prayer pull Sisah in somewhere private and ask her what the circumstances around her killing Krotos were; The where, when, and either who ordered it and why or why she made the choice to do it.
>>
No. 662696 ID: 9ddf68

probably should clean yourself up a bit. If I remember right didn't you only take a quick shower and drown yourself with lavender scented something? So unless you don't mind smelling like lavenders for the meeting a quick shower might not hurt. Thank everyone for there time and hell we should see about maybe trying this again sometime.
>>
No. 662792 ID: 1cebc8

Shooting range. Grab multiple pistols.

Read up on Sakkilian assassin squads and how to defend against them.

Shoot some doves when nobody's looking.
>>
No. 662837 ID: ea0ad9

>>662668
Briannah will be back by the time Kronos finishes washing up. There's no reason to not pray with her, other than "Maybe" it would be a bad idea, but... Kronos needs somebody in on it, as well as somebody to watch over him. Who better than his fiancee?

As for how to bring it up, he can mention the whole religion thing, and how she asked about there being something more than just the five gods: Apparently, there was another, but she was betrayed by one of the other five. Do not say which one. If she asked, just say something like "If the prayer works, maybe you'll get your answer."
>>
No. 662839 ID: 9ddf68

>>662837
>Who better than his fiancee?
Someone who he's actually known for more then 2 days and likes him for more then "he reminds me of Krotos."

If you want to bring someone in on it fine, even though I feel that it would end in with people just thinking we're mad if we're lucky. But try and go for someone we can actually fully trust.
>>
No. 662952 ID: c43722

>>662837
>Briannah will be back by the time Kronos finishes washing up. There's no reason to not pray with her, other than "Maybe" it would be a bad idea, but...
That won't work 'cause by the time Kronos finishes washing up it'll be too close to nine 'o clock and the meeting him and Briannah are going to. And since that meeting is for Sakkilian officers to discuss the "bandit" issue from the southern Dynasty and similar, as a general Briannah is probably obligated to attend.

>>662839
>If you want to bring someone in on it fine, even though I feel that it would end in with people just thinking we're mad if we're lucky. But try and go for someone we can actually fully trust.
That'd be Cain. He'd be the first and possibly only choice if he's the only one Kronos can fully trust. He's also probably suspicious that something more has been going on with Kronos recently than just his usual eccentricity and impulsiveness.
>>
No. 663073 ID: 350a50

>>662952
I agree, Cain is the one I would trust with the truth. He's vital to translating old texts, something awfully convenient that I think is there to make us suspicious of him. But my gut says he's trustworthy.
>>
No. 663410 ID: 65a774
File 143984037807.png - (63.32KB , 686x526 , 19.png )
663410

>Shooting range. Grab multiple pistols.
You definitely don’t have time for that, even if it would be nice to let off some steam.
>Shoot some doves when nobody's looking.
Would that really be a good idea? If they were spying on you, it would just make Illasia more cautious about it.
>Read up on Sakkilian assassin squads and how to defend against them.
That, on the other hand, is something you should do when you get time. Who knows what kind of assassination attempts will await you?

>Tell Briannah about your meeting with Xuv.
She’ll think you’re completely nuts if you tell her something like that!
>Tell Cain about your meeting with Xuv.
Cain, on the other hand, would… actually, he would also think you’re nuts, but at least he’ll not judge you to harshly…
>Borrow some cologne that isn't a stink bomb.
By borrowing Cains bottle, you managed to suddenly transform from a smelly, drunk bird to a nice smelling, drunk bird. It’s like magic!

>Pull Sisah in somewhere private and ask her what the circumstances around her killing Krotos were; The where, when, and either who ordered it and why or why she made the choice to do it.
:SisahSB: After his attack on the Sakkilian high command, I was ordered to intercept him and take care of him by your sister. Apparently, she had found a lot of proof that he had tried to have her killed.

>Bring Cain with you when you Pray to Xuv.
:CainSB: Sir, why do you want to pray to some kind of death god?
:KronosSB: Um… I’ll tell you later.
:CainSB: Still, sir, I have to advice against it…
>Pray to Xuv, leave medical ward and/or rise from a shallow grave.
:KronosSB: Xuv…
:CainSB:
:KronosSB: Xuv…
:CainSB: I can’t really see what this will accomplish, sir?
:KronosSB: Xuv…
:CainSB:
:KronosSB:

:KronosSB: …nothi-
:XuvSB: AHAHA! I AM FREE! Finally, I will have my revenge! The whole world will burn!
:KronosSB: W-what!?
:XuvSB: The world will be cast into eternal darkness, and I, Xuv, will rule all that exist! You will cry in happiness as I devour your souls and- nah, just kidding.
:KronosSB: …w-what?
:XuvSB: But seriously, I have to disappoint you. I’m still stuck down in that prison of mine, so this booty call won’t work.
:KronosSB: …err…
:XuvSB: Actually, I’m surprised. I haven’t actually been summoned in… what… thousands of years? Where did you even dig up this summoning rite?
:KronosSB: But… you’re still down… then… how?
:XuvSB: Oh, I’m using someone else to talk to you right now… let’s see… a human I think? But that’s not important right now… what’s important is what you want, because I’m guessing this isn’t a booty call… is it?
>>
No. 663412 ID: 334db2

What did you do to me, what do I do about Illasia's threats against my fiancee, why were you really imprisoned, and what is the significance of why I heard from the fire god?
>>
No. 663414 ID: e114bc

>>663410
Tell Xuv about the vision you had in the bathroom. Does she have some way of protecting you and Briannah from Illasia?
Also ask her about the vision you had when you tried to summon the fire god. What were the circumstances surrounding her imprisonment? Did Illasia put the four elemental gods to sleep all at once, or one at a time? Does she think trying to summon the other elemental gods is a good idea? You were bleeding from the nose afterwards. (we should do it anyway, I just want to know what she says about it)

After this, remind Cain that Xuv is the goddess of love too. He'll come to an acceptable conclusion.
>>
No. 663415 ID: 9ddf68

>Actually, I’m surprised. I haven’t actually been summoned in… what… thousands of years?
yeah well that's probably because Illasia had her followers lead a purge a long time ago where they hunted down heretics and burned any heretical books. You're followers and script were most likely among them.

>Oh, I’m using someone else to talk to you right now… let’s see… a human I think?
You better not be hurting him!

right as for what to talk about, let her know what you've learned about "the dragon" and how he is a stern follower of Illasia to a finical level, ask what happened when you where torn to shreds back in your room and what it meant when it was said that your nightmares would kill Briannah, and since she seemed to know about your families fates, ask how they were fated to die. After she tells you that last part tell her exactly how Krotos tried and failed to win the war.

and I guess we could answer a few of her questions as well, I mean it's only fair.
>>
No. 663421 ID: b062fb

Tell Xuv you're tired of angry gods threatening your life and the lives of those you care about! Tell her you don't want to be involved in her stupid conflict! Get mad!
>>
No. 663675 ID: c43722

Xuv's speaking through Cain? Has she possessed him?! Glance over to him to see how he's acting. Inform Xuv that this human's name is Cain and he's important to you, which makes him important to her. If he's harmed by being her conduit here you are going to be seriously angry at her. And how come she sounds like herself and not him? Is it that she's not actually physically speaking through him and it's more like she's using him as a kind of psychic relay or some such? And ask how much, if anything, Cain will remember of this; You'll need to know that to know whether to bother with a cover story.

Worrying about Cain done with for now, ask Xuv how long we'll have to chat before the rite runs out and, more importantly, if Illasia can in any way detect this little summon. You'd figure she'd have set up some way to sense for the signatures of Xuv's rites, if not across all of Risavia then at least here, in the palace, right over Xuv's prison. You figure she would be keeping an extra eye on this location for any oddities that may indicate Xuv has wormed her way out.

Now get to the primary reason you summoned Xuv. Tell her in detail of what you think was a vision from Illasia, starting with the stink bomb cologne bottle that caused you to hit your head and pass out briefly through to what you believe was a threat made by her against Briannah if you don't pray to Illasia. Does Xuv think that Illasia could get into your head this way, and if so does it fit with her style? And if so then there's the question of how Illasia knew to target you. Does it mean your cover was blown less than a day after your meeting with Xuv? So much for being insignificant keeping you out of Illasia's view, eh? But the bigger question is how to protect Briannah and yourself from Illasia if this threat is legit.

>Where did you even dig up this summoning rite?
Hold the book the Garden gave you up to Cain so she can see it. Tell her it's funny she should mention "dig" 'cause you got it from the earth elemental that's the palace garden, or living in the garden's soil, you're not sure which it is. Anyway, you went to it for some corroboration of what she said since its the only thing around old enough to remember when she was free. Unfortunately the poor elemental's mind has been slipping away for a long time and in its mental confusion you could only get corroboration on a few things. But when you drew her symbol for it that reminded it of this book it found and it gave it to you. You guess the book was buried in the garden for some reason long, long ago and the elemental found it.

>Actually, I’m surprised. I haven’t actually been summoned in… what… thousands of years?
That actually is odd. You'd think that in all that time at least once another book like this with her summoning rite would have gotten into hands that could read and perform it. Perhaps others did try it but they were too far away from her prison for it to work. Ask her who summoned her last, where it was and what it was about.

Out of curiosity ask her what the sacrifice for this summon was, and what she likes as sacrifices. And does "sacrifice" for summoning her and the other gods really mean sacrifice in that it's taken or something else?

Tell her that you and two friends performed the prayer rite for Ifocen earlier. You think it tried to put you in the position Cain is now as the conduit, but all you heard was what you think was one of Ifocen's memories. Tell her what you heard then and ask her who he was speaking to and in relation to what.

Just so Xuv knows, informer her that your species, Vark, is descended from the Highborn. And that the Sakkilians are very likely the descendants of the Ker'lacka. Their origin mythology points to them being descended from royal dragons that lost their flight and power as the magic dried up.

Tell Xuv what you found out about Belseth. It's near certain that Illasia has gotten to him, what with the vision that saved the Zadian Empress and the one where he sent a letter to the Empire's generals warning them. He converted to the Illasian church soon afterwards. And he's here, in either the palace or the capital, right now, appointed to a position in the Illasian church. He's going to be trouble, you just know it.

Ask Xuv for some clarification on the Dragon and his Highborn wife. Going by the fact he'd have to sire the Phoenix King with a Highborn, that is, a Vark, would that mean that he'd have to be a Vark himself or is there some prophecy magic bullshit that allows for interspecies offspring? Also, just who is fated to become the new god taking Illasia's place? Was it the Phoenix King or the Phoenix? There was some confusion on that with what she said earlier.

Also, ask Xuv to tell you what the earliest part of the Fate Spider's prophecy said of Krotos. Perhaps if we find the earliest point that what actually happened diverged from the prophecy we can find a link back to the Dragon. Like, in the prophecy was your mother killed or did she live?

Tell her what you've found out about Krotos and how his plan failed and how he ended up being killed. How he was massively charismatic and ambitious and seemed to have no issue with assassinating your father or siblings or his partner in the plot, Brianthor. How much did this diverge from the prophecy. Does she think Illasia played a part in making him the terrible scoundrel he turned out to be or was that part of his fate from the start?

Xuv said she was the mother of ten thousand young, so out of curiosity ask her what her children looked like and what special talents they had from being her offspring. Maybe you'll recognize them as one of the species that's in the world now.

Ask Xuv to tell you exactly what blessing she gave you and what her gift to your wife-to-be is. And no being cryptic or saying it's a surprise. You've had enough of that bullshit. Also ask just how your meeting with her happened. Did she teleport your actual physical body down into her prison or were you there only in mind or spirit? And you woke up afterwards in the medical wing where you were told you were exposed to hallucinogenic toxic fungal spores in the crypt and came a feather's breadth from dying. So was it her that kept you from death? Did she do something to get the guards to investigate the crypt to find you? And did you have to be near death to meet her? And there's also some oddities around then as well, like the crypt guard being dosed with a sleeping poison and the crypt gate lock being broken after you entered it. Did she have something to do with that?

>The world will be cast into eternal darkness, and I, Xuv, will rule all that exist! You will cry in happiness as I devour your souls and- nah, just kidding.
Chide her for even joking about that kind of thing. Yes, your expression must have been priceless to see, but she's on thin ice with you as is and scaring you doesn't help. You're one edge enough already about all this without her adding more.

I spotted "SHE WILL EAT YOUR SOUL" hidden in the scribbles on the left page of the Xuv ritual back here >>/questarch/659682. Nothing we can really go on in-quest, and it smells rather like a red herring, but it's something to keep in mind when dealing with Xuv. I also spotted a few other things in the scribbles which I lay out at the top of >>/questarch/659749. We can keep an eye out for those as well.

Tell Xuv that you couldn't find any credible record of what happened to the Old Empire and nearly no record of her or her imprisonment. All that you could find on the Old Empire was myth and legend, and for her the only thing you found was in Illasian scripture of a nameless "evil death demon" the Five imprisoned beneath the earth. The passage of time and Illasia's direct actions appeared to have wiped out nearly all records of Xuv even existing and what happened to the Old Empire.

Ask Xuv to tell you the circumstances that led to her imprisonment and how and why it happened, as well as the real cause of the fall of the Old Empire.

Tell Xuv that you're having real issues with believing what she's told you about the prophecy, what the Web of Fate says, and her imprisonment since... Well, you only have her word on them and you can't corroborate them on your own. It's not like you can check the Web of Fate yourself... Can you? Is there a ritual a mortal can do to get some idea of Fate? (Don't mention the fortune reading just yet and see if she says to read the cards.) But the major sticking point is that, as far as you know, there's no records you can get at of what happened in the Celestial Palace all those centuries ago that led to Xuv's imprisonment. And the only people that know what happened for sure are the six gods, four of which are asleep, and the two left have reason to deceive you to their own ends if they are hiding something. Basically, for all you know Xuv was imprisoned for doing, or would have done, something horrific and Illasia is acting the way she is to make damn sure Xuv doesn't get out. You just don't know.

Maybe if Xuv could point out something you could find or someone you could speak to of what happened back then that's impartial in the matter you could trust her. But as it is you're going to take what she says with a massive grain of salt and suspicion.

>...because I’m guessing this isn’t a booty call… is it?
...Could it be if you do the rite with Briannah taking Cain's plac-NO! BAD THOUGHT! BAD! Damn your horny perverted loins putting that idea into your head! Possession like that is WRONG... Unless the possessed consents befor-NO! Dammit, what is wrong with you?! Even if it is possible, giving Xuv a body, even temporarily, just screams "BAD IDEA!" And doubly so if it's Briannah's body.

This bad thought does bring up a question about the biomancy runes on Briannah's prosthetics. Is it possible Illasia could tap into them to in any way sense what's around her and possibly eavesdrop? Or do so if they've been modified to allow Illasia to? 'Cause if so then Briannah might be a walking surveillance conduit for Illasia, at least while she's wearing the prosthetics. And the same question goes for all the other biomancy and light runes and such around the palace that fall in the aspects of Illasia. You want to know if you're going to have to watch your tongue around every magic lamp here for the foreseeable future.

And on the subject, what possible methods does Illasia have to eavesdrop on or detect you? Was what Xuv said about doves and pigeons being Illasia's spies true or a joke? Are there any other critters she uses as spies as well? Or perhaps some things? You suspected mirrors since they reflect light and that's her aspect, but you have nothing to base it on. And will there be any magic residue on you or Cain that Illasia can specifically identify as coming from Xuv?

>Sir, why do you want to pray to some kind of death god?
She's also the goddess of beauty and love, so say you wanted to see if she could do something about love for Briannah. Or with Briannah...
>>
No. 663680 ID: 1cebc8

List of questions:

1. Who are you using?
2. How do I reach you again? (Need a better communication system than Summon The Devil For Tea And Crumpets)
3. Instructions for making prepared magical ammunition (or other crafting recipes)
4. Ways to hinder Illasia
5. Should I kick the ass of the dragon if he's under Illasia's butt?
6. Can you give me something?
7. Need some kind of badge proving that I'm sponsored by you
8. Weaknesses of Light-based enemies
9. Why should I help you?
>>
No. 663717 ID: 65a774
File 143993175404.png - (32.38KB , 686x526 , 20.png )
663717

>You better not be hurting him!
:XuvSB: Of course not. Do you really think I would still be imprisoned if I could actually affect the world outside my prison? I’m just borrowing him a bit. In fact, he won’t even notice a thing.
>And how come she sounds like herself and not him? Is it that she's not actually physically speaking through him and it's more like she's using him as a kind of psychic relay or some such?
:XuvSB: I’m speaking directly into your mind, yes. I just need a suitable and willing body to possess nearby so you can actually communicate with me.
>ask Xuv how long we'll have to chat before the rite runs out and, more importantly, if Illasia can in any way detect this little summon.
:XuvSB: No idea on both counts.
:KronosSB: No idea?
:XuvSB: I’m not who I used to be, after all.

>Tell Xuv you're tired of angry gods threatening your life and the lives of those you care about!
:XuvSB: Though luck, then. Gods are assholes and won’t give a rat’s ass about you or those that you care about. Being an endless being does give you strange morals, after all. I, at least, care about love, and thus I want to see everyone you love survive this for your sake.
>Tell her you don't want to be involved in her stupid conflict! Get mad!
:XuvSB: I don’t see how you got any choice, do you?
>Why should I help you?
:XuvSB: Because I’m pretty sure Illasia will soon “remove” the whole royal family to give power to her own pawns. It might not happen this generation, but don’t you, as a prince, have a duty to protect your country from a hostile takeover, even if it will happen in another life time?

>Tell Xuv about the vision you had in the bathroom.
:XuvSB: Really? That doesn’t really sound like something Illasia would do. She’s always been a scheming sort… on that always pretends to be good and perfect. I thought she would come to you and try to win you over to her side by pretending to be the good guy and not doing so obviously evil. Maybe she wanted you to believe I did it… or maybe she’s just losing her touch?
>Does she have some way of protecting you and Briannah from Illasia?
:XuvSB: I think I can do something… but if you want to protect her while she sleep you need to be close to her.
:KronosSB: So… you want me to sleep with her from now on?
:XuvSB: Why, yes.
>ask her about the vision you had when you tried to summon the fire god.
:XuvSB: …that’s odd. That sure does sound like Ify, but… it sounded like a memory, didn’t it? But I can’t remember ever hearing him say that.


>What did you do to me?
:XuvSB: Why, I gave you a gift! It’s a sup-
>And no being cryptic or saying it's a surprise. You've had enough of that bullshit.
:XuvSB: Fine, I moved the fear you had for Sakkilians and made your attraction to your wife override it. Gave love a bit of a push, nothing more. Don’t worry, you’re not feeling anything you wouldn’t feel otherwise.
:KronosSB: And that gift to Briannah?
:XuvSB: Made sure you’ll be able to please her when it counts.
>Hold the book the Garden gave you up to Cain so she can see it. Tell her it's funny she should mention "dig" 'cause you got it from the earth elemental that's the palace garden.
:XuvSB: An elemental? Huh, those things started getting mad even before I was cast down, so I’m surprised they are still around. Gloomy bunch, kept jabbering on about the end of the world or something…
>Out of curiosity ask her what the sacrifice for this summon was, and what she likes as sacrifices.
:XuvSB: I’m guessing those flowers was what you were trying to “sacrifice”?
:KronosSB: Err… yes?
:XuvSB: It would count as a thing of beauty, yes. The whole thing with the gift was just something we put in when we had tons of worshippers. After all, we shouldn’t go around blessing everyone, should we? So, give us a gift, and we’ll bless yah.
:KronosSB: So, they aren’t necessary?
:XuvSB: Actually, with the prayer you used, it is. It needs a certain component to work, which is to say the gift to the god.

>why were you really imprisoned?
:XuvSB: I already told you, Illasia ambushed me and cast me and my tower of awesomeness down into the earth because she is a jealous bitch. She wanted to be the biggest and most popular god, but I was in the way.
>As well as the real cause of the fall of the Old Empire.
:XuvSB: No idea. I was quite surprise when I was able to catch a glimpse of the world again and notice that the freaking celestial city in the sky was gone, let me tell you. My guess is that Illasia messed something up.
>Did Illasia put the four elemental gods to sleep all at once, or one at a time?
:XuvSB: No idea. Wasn’t there for that.
>Does she think trying to summon the other elemental gods is a good idea?
:XuvSB: Hmm…as you seemed to get some kind of memory or… dream, maybe, from it… I should say, sure, why not? I mean, maybe we can get something we can use against Illasia from it.
>You were bleeding from the nose afterwards.
:XuvSB: Huh… that’s… I don’t know why that happened but… maybe you shouldn’t do it? It would suck if you bite the dust before I can watch you bang your wife.
:KronosSB:
:XuvSB: Kidding, just kidding, geez… don’t look at me like that.
>Ways to hinder Illasia?
:XuvSB: Depends on what her plan is, really. Can’t say anything right now.
>Ask Xuv for some clarification on the Dragon and his Highborn wife.
:XuvSB: I’m a freaking god. Do you really think species are a problem? Find that wingless dragon a bird wife and make them bang. Then we get a nice egg and *boom*, instant empire, just add water.
>Should I kick the ass of the dragon if he's under Illasia's butt?
:XuvSB: As long as you get him to mate, I don’t really care what you do to him.

>Since she seemed to know about your families fates, ask how they were fated to die.
:XuvSB: Let’s see… liver failure thanks to old age and abuse of alcohol… stroke thanks to old age and stress… heart attack thanks to old age and abuse of food…
:KronosSB: Wait, who’s who?
:XuvSB: I’m sure you can figure it out yourself.
>Is there a ritual a mortal can do to get some idea of Fate?
:XuvSB: Err… that’s not really my forte but… I’ve heard something about bones, big balls of glass and cards?
>Instructions for making prepared magical ammunition
:XuvSB: Can’t you just use the grand autariala forge to created objects beyond the eathererial void?
:KronosSB: …the what in the what what?
:XuvSB: *Sigh* I keep forgetting how primitive you are now…

>Can you give me something?
:XuvSB: I’m a voice possessing your friend. What do you think? Only thing I can give you is sound advice.
>How do I reach you again? (Need a better communication system than Summon The Devil For Tea And Crumpets).
:XuvSB: What? What is wrong with this? That summoning ritual was a piece of cake, right? Though, I don’t think I can do this more than once per day but… it works, right?
>Maybe if Xuv could point out something you could find or someone you could speak to of what happened back then that's impartial in the matter you could trust her.
:XuvSB: Well… most people is kind of dead, right? Let’s see… you had the elemental, right? They are still there… and the other gods… maybe one of them are still awake? Or maybe… oh! I got an idea! Why don’t you go talk to-

:KronosSB: … … … …
:CainSB: …why are you staring like that, sir?
:KronosSB: No reason… err… what time is it?
:CainSB: …according to my clock, about thirty seconds since you last asked, sir. There’s still twenty minute before nine, sir. So, are you going to continue shouting in vain, or should we do something a bit more… I don’t know, sane?
>>
No. 663720 ID: e114bc

>>663717
Tell him the ritual worked, actually. This time you got a direct line with the goddess of death and love. Ask if you can count on his assistance tomorrow with the same thing, since apparently the ritual requires at least two people. Also, I suppose Tim can come along next time, since it seems to be safe.

Okay, time to try to figure out who Xuv was about to tell you about. What creatures can live for extremely long periods of time aside from elementals? Alternatively, creatures which can pass down memories. ...hang on, can necromancers talk to the dead? Maybe if you can find one they can summon up some long, long-dead soul and find out some long-forgotten information. I mean it's not like you're trying to animate a corpse so it's not evil or anything right?

For now let's go to the meeting. Xuv just warned us that the entire royal family is being targeted so keep alert.
>>
No. 663723 ID: 9ddf68

right... well thanks for the help. You feeling alright by the way? You kind of blanked out there for a second. Thought you might have had a vision or something.

Anyways may as well clean up a bit now seeing as the took almost no time at all. You can think as you bathe.
>>
No. 663728 ID: 334db2

>should we do something a bit more… I don’t know, sane?
My standards on sanity have been forcibly relaxed, gimme a break here.

You should be able to change clothes and put on some cologne.
>>
No. 663731 ID: 334db2

>should we do something a bit more… I don’t know, sane?
My standards on what is sane have been forcibly relaxed, gimmie a break, okay?

20 minutes, that's enough time for someone of our speediness to at least change clothes and put on cologne.
>>
No. 663938 ID: ea0ad9

>So, are you going to continue shouting in vain, or should we do something a bit more… I don’t know, sane?
Actually, this already succeeded. Thank him for being willing to help you--Xuv mentioned that she was only able to talk through a willing host during these ancient rituals. Although, that does mean he was possessed by her for a minute. You'd understand if he'd rather avoid being there for the ritual in the future.
>>
No. 663939 ID: 1cebc8

Wait, you forgot to ask her to give Cain a "boost". Next time.

So, what's next on the agenda? All this ritual summoning has likely screwed up your schedule.
>>
No. 663946 ID: c43722

Don't tell Cain that the ritual worked. You want to keep that you contacted Xuv under your hat. Instead tell him that you think it did something 'cause it felt like time stretched out there, but you didn't make contact with Xuv. Say that maybe Tim's theory was wrong and the whole invocation has to be spoken, or you messed the rite up in some other way, or that maybe Xuv just isn't there. You'll just have to try this later with Tim doing the full invocation and see if that does anything.

>Because I’m pretty sure Illasia will soon “remove” the whole royal family to give power to her own pawns. It might not happen this generation, but don’t you, as a prince, have a duty to protect your country from a hostile takeover, even if it will happen in another life time?
You said the Illasian church has grown quite powerful, economically, socially and politically, right? And it's still growing? So even leaving aside Illasia herself calling the shots, it's a big potential threat to the royal family and Risavia if left unchecked. If the upper echelons of the church get Krotos level ambitious they could make a move to take over and make Risavia effectively a theocracy.

You ought to dig up anything you can on the rise of the Illasian church, how much wealth it has accumulated and what ways it's gathering power unto itself. Then you can bring it to your father's attention, ask what he thinks and if the church needs to be reigned in.

>...I thought she would come to you and try to win you over to her side by pretending to be the good guy and not doing so obviously evil. Maybe she wanted you to believe I did it… or maybe she’s just losing her touch?
Or it's part of a deeper plan. Dammit, you think you might have figured it out. Illasia was setting it up to see if you'd go running to Xuv for help to gauge how much you're on her side. Think it through: How did Illasia even know to jump into your head, and how come she was there ready to do so? It's 'cause after what happened in the crypt she knew it was possible Xuv made contact with you, so she tailed you in some way. And then you went to the Garden and got the book and that "possible" went to "probable." So now she needs to know how much you trust Xuv and making the threat she did was how she planned to do it; She probably originally planned to do so after you went to sleep, but you knocking yourself out momentarily presented a sooner opportunity. If Xuv shows up to protect you and Briannah tonight, then that means you likely prayed to Xuv and Illasia will know you're on Xuv's side and bring her full scheming attention down on you.

But even if that wasn't Illasia's plan, having Xuv protecting you and Briannah will surely signal that you're with Xuv and important to her and blow any chance of avoiding Illasia's full attention out of the water. In hindsight, you should have figured this out and that the safest action was to not pray to Xuv or Illasia. Illasia knows how important Briannah's marriage to you is to the future of Risavia, as well as if she did any permanent harm to Briannah it'd turn you against Illasia. She would have at most terrified you two, but not done any lasting damage.

Maybe you can still delay Illasia's full attention falling on you if you pray to Xuv again before you go to sleep. If you can talk to her for even a moment you can tell her to not protect you and Briannah tonight. But if you can't do that then maybe if you don't sleep by Briannah's side that'll keep Xuv from getting from your dreams to Briannahs and you can speak with Xuv then to get her to break off. Unfortunately that'll only work if Illasia goes to Briannah's mind first and not yours but it's worth a shot.

>…that’s odd. That sure does sound like Ify, but… it sounded like a memory, didn’t it? But I can’t remember ever hearing him say that.
You have an idea who Ifocen was speaking to: Illasia. That he and the three other elemental gods caught up to her and were passing judgment for her imprisonment of Xuv and the cataclysm it'd mean for the world. And since the four of them are "asleep" now and Illasia is still loose, that means they probably failed to do whatever they were going to do to her.

>Huh… that’s… I don’t know why that happened but… maybe you shouldn’t do it? It would suck if you bite the dust before I can watch you bang your wife.
As much as you don't want to risk another's life by having them take your place in the ritual, there's too much riding on you staying alive. Next time you do the elemental god's prayers, make sure you're the one doing the chanting or reading the invocation.

>Let’s see… liver failure thanks to old age and abuse of alcohol… stroke thanks to old age and stress… heart attack thanks to old age and abuse of food…
All three of these could end up being your father, could they? And which ones do you think Keras or Kira would end up with? Well, whichever one is which you should take actions to make it so all three of them don't end up dying by any of those ways. After all, you are in the palace all the time with not much to do, so why not make it your job to watch out for your father and siblings' well being?
>>
No. 663963 ID: c43722

>>663946
Forgot this: In the time you have remaining set up and do a prayer to one of the three remaining elemental gods, preferably Gaisia. Cain will be the conduit for it and you'll chant.
>>
No. 663966 ID: e114bc

I don't think we should do any other elemental rituals until tomorrow. That nosebleed did not seem healthy.
>>
No. 663973 ID: 77f772

>>663966
Same
>>
No. 663976 ID: 334db2

Hmm, I see a problem with Xuvs' plan. Kronos, do you even know any Varkian girls? Much less any that would be hot for militant religious ex-barbarian lizard D?
>>
No. 664005 ID: c43722

>>663976
...Well, he does know his sister Kira, but she's the crown princess. Not only is she almost certainly married by now 'cause she's the crown princess, there's also the matter of a duty to produce a heir to the royal bloodline which would likely rule out interspecies marriage. Also the odds she has the hots for "lizard D" is likely quite, quite low.

Besides Kira, there doesn't seem to be many Vark women in Kronos' life, does there? That is, other than his servants and the well-paid "courtesans" he's called on whenever he got carnal urges. Perhaps one from either group?
>>
No. 664006 ID: e114bc

>>664005
Dude, Xuv outright told us that the union would produce a child.
>>
No. 664017 ID: c43722

>>664006
Yes, I know she did, but how would Kronos convince anybody else that thanks to divine prophetic magic whatevers a specific interspecies marriage would produce offspring? I doubt there's any way he could and he'd sound like a total loon in the attempt.

...But maybe they don't have to actually get married to fulfill the prophecy; They just have to hook up at least once. That would actually be much easier to arrange, and made even easier because everybody knows interspecies couplings have no chance of offspring.
>>
No. 664018 ID: 9297f4

>>664017
So you're saying is get both of them drunk and in a room together.
>>
No. 664020 ID: e114bc

...actually it's a moot point isn't it? The king told us that the rest of the royal family are all taken already. That's why Kronos got set up with Briannah, he was the only one left.

...or was he just the only male left?
>>
No. 664032 ID: c43722

>>664018
Uh... That might work if they have the hidden hots for each other, but I wasn't really thinking of Kira there. More like Kronos just has to get the Dragon to lay with any Vark gal. It could even be a professional "courtesan" like the ones Kronos called on many times after he came of age.
>>
No. 664162 ID: ea0ad9

>>664032
What if the Dragon's life was being ended by Illasia as Krotos's was, and he decided to make somebody else the Dragon of prophecy? For all we know, Briannah is the new Dragon and the egg will be from her and Kronos. That would be a freaky turn of events.

Ignoring that insane theory, though, we just need to keep our eyes open and see if there's another "Dragon." We may have to play matchmaker (Even for one-night stands) multiple times if more show up.
>>
No. 664164 ID: c43722

>>664162
I would think Illasia would consider the Dragon, being unbound by fate, too valuable to just get rid of after she's found him and gotten him under her sway. And she also knows if she did kill the Dragon it would just be reborn who knows where and she doesn't want to have to track it down again so soon.
>>
No. 664665 ID: 65a774
File 144035451862.png - (52.01KB , 686x526 , 21.png )
664665

>Don't tell Cain that the ritual worked. You want to keep that you contacted Xuv under your hat.
While you generally don’t wear a hat to keep this under, you can shut up about it.
>Okay, time to try to figure out who Xuv was about to tell you about. What creatures can live for extremely long periods of time aside from elementals?
Um… gods? There aren’t really a lot of really old things around anymore. You’ve heard stories about all kind of ancient beings that lived in the past, in the time of the old empire, though. Like ancient dragons, archwizards and even undead creatures.
>...hang on, can necromancers talk to the dead?
Not really… most of the dead don’t really have a lot to talk about, seeing as their souls are already gone by that point. You do know for a fact that Lorentian Kingdom have a way to make people into sentient undead, but even those fall apart after just a few years. Apparently, it some kind of bid for immortality or something… but it’s obviously not working.
>Xuv mentioned that she was only able to talk through a willing host during these ancient rituals.
Wait… would that mean Cain was willing to be possessed? It doesn’t seem that he even noticed it? Maybe he simply was willing to help me and Xuv used that?
>Kronos, do you even know any Varkian girls? Much less any that would be hot for militant religious ex-barbarian lizard D?
…you’re a bit low on female acquaintances, true, but maybe you can hook him up with a courtesan or something…

>You ought to dig up anything you can on the rise of the Illasian church, how much wealth it has accumulated and what ways it's gathering power unto itself.
Knowing if they are primed for a coup would be good to know, yes…
>Dammit, you think you might have figured it out. Illasia was setting it up to see if you'd go running to Xuv for help to gauge how much you're on her side.
…crap. If that’s true, it means you just ran headlong into her trap. This isn’t good, is it? Hopefully, you’re just being paranoid and the head god didn’t just trick you into becoming a heretic…
>Maybe you can still delay Illasia's full attention falling on you if you pray to Xuv again before you go to sleep.
But Xuv said she should only be summoned once per day?
>Next time you do the elemental god's prayers, make sure you're the one doing the chanting or reading the invocation.
While that might keep you safe, what about the others? Hmm…
>All three of these could end up being your father, could they? And which ones do you think Keras or Kira would end up with?
The alcohol one is definitely your father… and Karas has a sweet tooth the size of a mountain. Kira, on the other hand, is nearly always working. She would probably be stressed out, yes…

>My standards on sanity have been forcibly relaxed, gimme a break here.
:CainSB: Of course, sir… but just to be sure, if you start seeing the walls bleeding or hear whispers from evil demon gods, please do tell me about it. There is medication for that sort of thing nowadays, after all.
:KronosSB: I’m not going mad, Cain…
:CainSB: Of course not, sir, you’re rich after all. It’s called eccentric if you’re rich, after all, not mad.
>You feeling alright by the way? You kind of blanked out there for a second.
:CainSB: I’m fine, sir… if anything, I’m pretty sure you were the one blanking out, sir.
>Thank him for being willing to help you.
:CainSB: I’m here to serve, sir.
>Ask if you can count on his assistance tomorrow with the same thing.
:CainSB: …I’m here to serve, sir… even if I would advise against these eccentric games of yours, sir.


>20 minutes, that's enough time for someone of our speediness to at least change clothes and put on cologne.
You make a brief stop by the showers, before quickly throwing on a new pair of clothes and make sure the cologne still smell nice. Afterwards, you head to the private room Briannah told you to meet her in.

:BriannahSB: Ah, there yah are, love.
:QelbaSB: Is this really necessary!?
:XarrinSB: Oh, ‘ush yah. We were going through the basic facts again anyway.
:BriannahSB: Prince Kronos, let me present to yah… Major Qelba…
:QelbaSB: Ugh, more birds…
:CalciasSB: We’re standing right here…

:BriannahSB: Major Xarrin…
:XarrinSB: It’s a real pleasure meeting yah, Kronos. I suspect yah don’t remember me greeting yah after dinner yesterday, but that’s to be expected. Now, let me just say you tah really make a lovely couple be-
:ThaliaSB: Can you wait with the ass kissing until after the meeting?
:XarrinSB: Ah, of course, general.

:BriannahSB: General Thalia…
:ThaliaSB: Greetings.
:BriannahSB: General Calcias…
:CalciasSB: It’s an honor.
:BriannahSB: And lastly, Major-
:QelbaSB: Not important.
:NonSB: Hey!
:QelbaSB: I can’t see why we need this whelp to sit in on our meeting!
:XarrinSB: Now, now, Qelby, General Briannah invited ‘im ‘ere ‘erself to sit with u-
:QelbaSB: Well, “General” Briannah should use a bit of a sounder judgment.
:ThaliaSB: I have to agree on the point of questioning why he is here.
:CalciasSB: I can’t see why it would matter. If anything, an outside perceptive can prove invaluable.
:NonSB: I thi-
:QelbaSB: This is an outrage, having some spoiled noble sitting in on an important military-
:CalciasSB: Wait, important? Weren’t we just going to meet up over tea and-
:ThaliaSB: Shhh.
:BriannahSB: None of this matter, as I outrank yah, Qelba.
:QelbaSB: Don’t yah forget that yah’re simply baring an ‘onor title, bastard…
:BriannahSB: *Sigh* yes, I remember…
>>
No. 664669 ID: e114bc

>>664665
As one half of the glue holding the alliance together in the hopes of fighting off mutual enemies, don't you think it is appropriate to be involved with the military?
>>
No. 664671 ID: 334db2

>I have to agree on the point of questioning why he is here.
Diplomatic reasons. That's a nasty subject, so let's talk about breaking things and hurting people, or whatever else comes after the words 'important military'. And tea would be nice too, is Cain around?
>>
No. 664672 ID: 1cebc8

That's @#$%ing adorable. A boor, a kiss-ass, and a rich kid walk into a rape bar. Stop me if you've heard this one. Actually, stop me, I don't want to discuss this disturbing madness of upper-classmen any longer.

They were probably selected as diplomats because all the competent military didn't want to be responsible for the following fiasco. Begin negotiations by slapping your wife.

Proceed to address each guest as a "pathetic, howling excuse of military cannon fodder". The moment they shout at you, argue that being the diplomatic envoys of a spoiled prince is probably the lowest on the totem pole you can get in the military without having your death certificate signed two months in advance.

The angrier they get, the more they'll let their true colors and intentions slip. You don't have to worry too much about an international incident, these guys are expendable / uninfluential and everyone around them knows it.

(Also ask Xuv if she can give Briannah boobs)
>>
No. 664673 ID: e114bc

>>664672
Wat. Let's not do any of that.
>>
No. 664682 ID: 8366a4

>>664673
Oh I don't know, after playing Dickless here for the whole time, doing something this audacious sounds rather appealing. Who knows, if we don't die/cause a war, it might increase Kronos' confidence around these people.

Mostly though, I just want to see what happens.
>>
No. 664713 ID: 350a50

Ask the introduced Major his name.
>>
No. 664714 ID: 350a50

>>664713
Unintroduced, that is. And might be a she.
>>
No. 664734 ID: 9ddf68

"I'm here to learn just how bad my country is being threaten as I live here and while I may not be in a position to rule I still do care about the welfare of my homeland's people. So If you want to continue wasting time debating whether or not I have the right to be here I can have some of the servants run and grab snacks and maybe a deck of cards for everyone to play around with seeing as you're determined to waste time, or you could grow up, deal with it, and we can all get on with this meeting."

Also who is they guy they all seem to be ignoring?
>>
No. 664803 ID: c43722

...Wow. You don't know how things are done in the Empire army, but in Risavia if a major talked to a general like that they'd be reprimanded so fast their tail feathers would fly off. That Briannah isn't means she either can't do so or won't for some reason. You'll have to remember to ask her about that after the meeting, along with why a person who dislikes Varks as much as Major Qelba got assigned here instead of someone more diplomatic.

>>664734
Did you misread the situation? Major Xarrin has no qualms with Kronos being here, General Calcias thinks it might be a good idea, and Major Qelba's objections don't matter 'cause Briannah can order him to comply. The only one who's questioning of him being here may matter is General Thalia and I'm pretty sure she'll be okay with it once Kronos explains why he wanted to be here. And the meeting still has a whole hour, so there's no rush. So there's really no need for Kronos to talk to them like that, especially in such a condescending way. He'd come off as a spoiled brat of a noble if he did speak like that to them and we don't want that.

Introduce yourself to the major that Major Qelba so rudely kept interrupting. And if he keeps interrupting, point out how rude he's being.

Now, as to why you're here, tell them you've been told that the alliance between Risavia and the Empire is vital to both of their futures, so you want to find out just how dire the situation we're both facing is to really hammer home how important your marriage to Briannah is in keeping that alliance. Not that you didn't consider it important before, but you want to know just how important it is.

Once you're settled and have a cup of tea, when you get an opening ask them if they've been having any troubles getting recruits; You've already noticed that the palace guard seems to not be as numerous these days. You ask 'cause you have a theory that after seventeen years of so many of the sons and daughters of Risavia and the Empire fighting and dying on the battlefield instead of raising families that we're now on the leading edge of a dip in the population of young adults. If true this means we may be facing a rising labor shortage over the next fifteen or so years and that's going to bite into getting our armies back up.

Is General Calcias sporting a mustache? I didn't know that Varks could grow a mustaches, or at least something that looks similar to one.

>>664671
Don't talk down to the officers by belittling their professions. Kronos is trying not to come off as a spoiled noble here and saying things like that definitely won't help him.

>>664672
...There is so much wrong with this post I don't even know where to start. I'll just say do ABSOLUTELY NONE of this.

>>664673
Emphatically seconding not behaving like a physically and verbally aggressive lunatic.

>>664682
Oh, you can't imagine what would likely happen? Well, I can: The majors and generals would demand Kronos be expelled from the meeting and would not have anything to do with him again. Briannah's standing with them would take a hit since she's the one who invited Kronos, leading to her being pissed off at him. And Kronos' crazy actions would be reported to his father, probably leading to Kronos being watched all hours of the day for his safety and that of others since he's obviously gone mad from the stress. There, now you know what kicking over the apple cart will get us. Happy?
>>
No. 664809 ID: 65a774
File 144043290630.png - (94.44KB , 686x526 , 22.png )
664809

>Ask Xuv if she can give Briannah boobs.
…while breast on a lizard would look odd… you do prefer… hmm…
>They were probably selected as diplomats because all the competent military didn't want to be responsible for the following fiasco.
Weren’t pretty much anyone competent killed off in the war? And you’re pretty sure they aren’t really diplomats either…
>Begin negotiations by slapping your wife.
Depending on which side you mean, the answer is either never or only in private.

>I'm here to learn just how bad my country is being threatened as I live here and while I may not be in a position to rule I still do care about the welfare of my homeland's people.
:QelbaSB: Hmfp… and what can yah ‘onestly do that would change anything but worry for worry’s sake?
:XarrinSB: Now, now, I’m sure Prince Kronos can aid us in one way another. ‘e’s such a resourceful man, after all…
>As one half of the glue holding the alliance together in the hopes of fighting off mutual enemies, don't you think it is appropriate to be involved with the military?
:ThaliaSB: Hmm… it would be symbolic if anything else… fine, you can stay, as long as you behave, my prince.

>Ask the unintroduced Major his name.
:BriannahSB: Oh, ‘is name is-
:QelbaSB: Enough of these constant interruptions! Are we ‘ere to discuss the current situation or not!?
:NonSB: But I-
:XarrinSB: Now, now, Qelby, calm down. ‘ow about yah come ‘elp me get the drinks? We have both wine and tea, if anyone wants some.
:QelbaSB: Hmpf… fine…
:BriannahSB: I’ll take a glass of wine.
:ThaliaSB: Wine would be good.
:CalciasSB: Tea, please.
:KronosSB: I’ll take a cup of tea too.
:NonsSB: Wine, if tha-
:QelbaSB: Doggone it, was I demoted to arrant boy when I wasn’t looking?

:BriannahSB: So, Kronos, yah asked me ‘ow things currently where, correct?
:KronosSB: That’s right.
:BriannahSB: Then let me explain the current situation. ‘ere is a map of the southern parts of the Risavia Kingdom, though it is a bit out of date. See these three towns?
:KronosSB: Yeah? Small towns, only one having a populace over a hundred.
:BriannahSB: Current populace is zero for all three, as two years ago they were all completely wiped out by “bandits”.
:KronosSB: Oh, right, I heard about that.
:BriannahSB: Then, when yah managed to gather enough troops to rout them, ye scouts noticed the Hiver Dynasty to ye south ‘ad started gathering a large force of thirty thousand men in this fortress at the border.
:KronosSB: That’s not good.
:BriannahSB: Luckily, for yah, we decided to send some aid, reinforcing these key location with ten thousand of our foot soldiers, bringing it up to a force of fifteen thousand strong.
:CalciasSB: Don’t forget that we aided your empire just as much in those trying times…
:BriannahSB: Of course… now, this year just as the snow started to melt, most of the Hiver forces marched toward the border of Lorentia to the east, the nation they are already in war with. Apparently, they had noticed the Dynasty’s scattered forces and taken advantage of it.
:KronosSB: So, crisis averted?
:BriannahSB: Not yet. There are still about ten thousand men stationed at that fort… while we outnumber them, we cannot leave the border undefended, nor can we attack to start a war.
:XarrinSB: Making this a very tense staring contest in the end, really. ‘ere, ye drinks.
:QelbaSB: Wine for the “general” and tea for the “prince”…
:BriannahSB: Thank you… *Sip* Now, any questions or should we continue, Kronos? We ‘ave a lot of… “interesting” logistic problem to discuss, after all…
:ThaliaSB: That reminds me, what ever happened to that missing food supply we sent?
:CalciasSB: Eaten by rats, apparently…
:ThaliaSB: Really? That’s it?
:CalciasSB: They were really big rats…

>When you get an opening ask them if they've been having any troubles getting recruits?
:CalciasSB: Indeed, at least on the Varkian side of things. There seems to be no end of the foot soldiers we get from the empire.
:KronosSB: Doesn’t that mean we’re facing a risk of rising labor shortage? I mean, if there isn’t enough people…
:ThaliaSB: That’s why we’re not recruiting from the Varkian side as much any longer. We need the people to rebuild at the moment.
:BriannahSB: We Imperials on the other ‘and, we were already overpopulated before the war started. That’s one of the reasons why the war even began… to many people *Cough* on to little space.
:XarrinSB: This all means that most of the grunts ‘ere are now Imperial soldiers, while the leadership is Risavian.
>>
No. 664812 ID: 334db2

How frequently have 'interesting' things been happening to supply shipments?

Anyway, please continue.
>>
No. 664814 ID: 350a50

That sounds like it would cause some tension within our forces.

So if the red and the blue are the Varks and the empire's soldiers, and the green are Hivers, do the grey represent mercenaries or our Serpens allies or something?
>>
No. 664819 ID: 1cebc8

So you're literally hiring an army of conscripts, placing them right next to predicted enemy lines, and outnumbering local forces 2-to-1.

That just screams 'powder keg'.

You know that this is going to end badly for everyone involved. Even if you had an army of 50,000 conscripts you'd still be screwed; the Hiver faction used petty warfare and raids to prevent intel on their main forces, who knows what level of tactics and weapons technology they have?

Which means that you're basically pitting an army of mediocre people against a larger army of possibly better-than-mediocre people. There's only one way for you to win this kind of nightmare; destroy their think tank.

You can hire some Black-Ops teams to infiltrate the Hiver faction, but there's an even bigger loose end that you can manipulate:

Illasia.

You have credible information about the church of Illasia, and how they're players in this game. It's to be expected that a large organization which the masses are convinced are neutral would take advantage of the situation, but you're now convinced that they have a much larger game plan in mind. The problem is, their win conditions are vastly different from yours.

If they get their hands on the Empire's technology, everyone but the church loses. And possibly the church as well.

So, that's the game plan. Let them think you're stupid by sending defensive support to the main forces, and infiltrate various factions to find the lines of control. Snap those and the Hivers will lose cohesion and die. You're going for the church.
>>
No. 664824 ID: 350a50

>>664819
The Hiver nation doesn't worship Illasia, they worship a war god that demands all non-Hivers be sacrificed to its glory.
>>
No. 664840 ID: e114bc

>>664809
Alright I'm guessing blue and red dots are Varkian and Sakkilian forces. Green dots are Hivers... but there are two colors left and only one military force named. Is Lorentia purple or brown? Who's the other one?

Also they said Lorentia was to the east but I think that's west.
>>
No. 664852 ID: 65a774
File 144044631552.png - (102.41KB , 686x526 , 23.png )
664852

>Also they said Lorentia was to the east but I think that's west.
Whoops, it supposed to be to the west from the start. (I also think I might have reversed the positions of both countries bordering Risavia too… but, oh well…)

> I'm guessing blue and red dots are Varkian and Sakkilian forces. Green dots are Hivers... but there are two colors left and only one military force named.
:BriannahSB: The purple ones are *cough* Lorentian troops… while the grey ones *Cough*Cough* are their undead minions… geez, I must ‘ave swallowed wrong or *cough* something…
>So you're literally hiring an army of conscripts, placing them right next to predicted enemy lines, and outnumbering local forces 2-to-1.
:ThaliaSB: Not conscripts, but actual well trained soldiers.
:XarrinSB: They might be a bit green still, but they are well trained. They just need some more field experience, that’s all.
>That sounds like it would cause some tension within our forces.
:CalciasSB: They are surprisingly loyal as long as we pay them well.
:QelbaSB: Loyal? Yah ‘now nothing of loyalty or ‘onor. We imperials are willing to die for the will of the Empress! Personally, I wouldn’t even dream of disobeying ‘er… thus why I am ‘ere with you birds…
:CalciasSB: Erm… so, yes, so far they haven’t made any trouble and have been quite willing to follow our orders.

>How frequently have 'interesting' things been happening to supply shipments?
:BriannahSB: Not more than *cough* usual… there’s always problems with the supply line *Cough*…
> You can hire some Black-Ops teams to infiltrate the Hiver faction.
:QelbaSB: BAH! Deceit is for the weak!
:ThaliaSB: You really think we don’t already have spies and scouts in place?
:QelbaSB: Yah should face the enemy in the field and fight with ‘onor!
:XarrinSB: Now, now, Qelba, we all ‘now ye stance on all things stealthy.
:QelbaSB: Spies, poison makers, infiltrators… we should ‘ang the lot of them.

>Anyway, please continue.
:QelbaSB: As yah all can see, our biggest concern at the moment is this Dynasty force attacking this Lorentian town near the Risavian border. We do not ‘now if the Lorentian Forces stationed there will ‘old-
:BriannahSB: *Cough*Wheeze*
:XarrinSB: Are yah well, general?
:BriannahSB: *Cough*Cough* I-I’m f-fine *Wheeze* Just… *cough* f-fine *gasp*
:QelbaSB: …should we take a break?
:BriannahSB: N-no *Cough*Gasp*
:CalciasSB: That doesn’t sound normal at all!
>>
No. 664855 ID: 334db2

Crap. Give her some antidote, quickly, nobody touch the wine.
>>
No. 664856 ID: e114bc

If she starts bleeding from her face, induce vomiting. Sakkilians have a gag reflex, right? ...that's the solution for all the poisons we know about, actually, maybe we should do that regardless. Find something that we can make her puke into.
>>
No. 664864 ID: 9ddf68

Oh for the love of the 5

Ask Qelba where he got that wine from. Also who else drank that wine and how are they doing right now. Try asking Briannah how she feels and get one of those antidotes we've been carrying on us ready... and probably should find a bucket or something as well since it makes you throw up.
>>
No. 664868 ID: 1cebc8

Seriously? They went with poisoning?

Hmm, they have overpopulation problems... do Sakkilians just ignore assassination attempts in hope of culling everyone who isn't smart enough to defend themselves?

Eh, I'm being paranoid, but this does seem too easy. Just stuff her mouth with antidotes. Be sure to give her a tummy rub.
>>
No. 664892 ID: ea0ad9

See if it's just something lodged in her throat first, as if it's not a poison, making her vomit would be a bad idea.
>>
No. 664895 ID: c43722

Gods dammit! Briannah has almost certainly been poisoned, probably via the wine; She started coughing shortly after drinking it. And going by what you read yesterday (>>/questarch/653171) she appears to be exhibiting symptoms of Blood Blossom poisoning! If that's it you have little time to counter it by inducing vomiting, but even if it's not Blood Blossom from what you read most of the other ingested poisons can be countered by puking them up. Thank your lucky stars Cain remembered to get you those three bottles of vomit inducer you forgot about after you changed clothes... And then you changed clothes again before coming here. You remembered to transfer the bottles when you changed, right? RIGHT?! Oh, gods, I hope you did.

Rush over to Briannah's side while quickly telling everybody to stay where they are and not drink or even touch the wine. Shout for Sisah and the guards to get in here. In case this is just a respiratory or other medical condition like allergies Briannah didn't tell you about, quickly ask her if it's anything like that. If it's not tell the guards we have a probable poisoning attempt on Briannah. If it is tell them it's a medical emergency. Either way you want them to send a runner to get an emergency medical team then lock this room down. Nobody and nothing leaves, and nobody besides you and Briannah are allowed to move or even touch anything without being ordered to; Everybody is a suspect right now, whether this appears to be a medical condition or not.

Tell Briannah to sit down so you can get a look at her eye; If she objects then take on a stronger tone and all but order her to. Check her eye for signs of bleeding while you give her your handkerchief, telling her to cough into it hard and give it back. If there's blood spatter on it or bleeding from her eye then you can confidently say it's Blood Blossom poisoning. But even if there's no signs of Blood Blossom you'll still induce vomiting. While you bring out a bottle of the vomit inducer order whoever is nearest a vase, urn, or other large container to grab it and bring it to her. Don't wait for them to arrive before giving Briannah the bottle and tell her to down it, warning her it'll make her puke everything up including any ingested poison. Make sure to stand behind her when she takes it so you don't get caught in her "cone of fire." Hold her shoulder as well to try and

Once the immediate issue of Briannah is taken care of, ask if anybody else drank any of the wine, Vark or Sakkilian. Did they drink anything else? Where's that major Qelba kept interrupting? What was he (or she) doing? Did he (or she) drink anything?
>>
No. 664899 ID: 4ed066

Bri seems to be the only Sakkilian drinking wine. General Thalia is the only other person drinking it and seems to be alright..

Induce vomiting immediately. If you don't have those potions you may need to reach into her fangly mouth and poke at the back of her throat or something. That makes people gag, right?
>>
No. 664902 ID: 9ddf68

>>664899
>Bri seems to be the only Sakkilian drinking wine. General Thalia is the only other person drinking it and seems to be alright.
but didn't Kronos say that something that would kill a Sakkilian would still make a varkian ill?
>>
No. 664904 ID: c43722

>>664899
The Sakkilian major that we didn't get the name of also asked for wine. Dunno if he or she got it. We also don't know what Qelba and Xarrin chose to drink.

>>664902
No, he read that most poisons that'd kill a Sakkilian would also kill a Vark. It's the ones that'd kill a Sakkillian but not a Vark would still leave a Vark ill. And Blood Blossom is in the latter category, leaving the Vark with a high fever and weakened body which might be fatal if they're already weak from age or illness.
>>
No. 664906 ID: 334db2

Don't overreact or anything, but just be prepared if the symptoms get worse.
>>
No. 664930 ID: c43722

>>664895
Addendum: Check Briannah's nostrils and mouth for blood before checking her eye since if it's Blood Blossom poisoning those two are more likely to bleed first.
>>
No. 664948 ID: 350a50

She's either having an allergic reaction or she's been poisoned, call the healers. Preferably healers long under your own employ - loyal ones you can trust.

Use the potion that induces vomiting in the meantime.
>>
No. 665561 ID: 65a774
File 144087231162.png - (34.58KB , 686x526 , 24.png )
665561

>Call the healers.
:XarrinSB: Y-yes, of course! I’ll get r-right on that!
>Check Briannah's nostrils and mouth for blood to see if it’s blood blossom.
You can’t see any kind of blood or other odd fluids. She is starting to turn a bit pale, though…
>Try asking Briannah how she feels.
:BriannahSB: *Wheeze* g-g-get*Cough*ard*Gasp*bre*cough*cough*

Briannah falls to her knees, as she starts to panic from the inability to breathe.

>In case this is just a respiratory or other medical condition like allergies Briannah didn't tell you about, quickly ask her if it's anything like that.
:DoxanSB: ‘er ‘ighness isn’t allergic to anything nor does she ‘ave any other condition that should do something like this.
:KronosSB: Doxan?
:DoxanSB: No time for reunions, Prince. She’s suffocating!
:BriannahSB: *Garg!*
>See if it's just something lodged in her throat first.
:DoxanSB: This is clearly some kind of poison effect! Get away from ‘er and I’ll try to-
:KronosSB: Wait, I think I know what to do. Quick, grab something she can puke in… anything!
:DoxanSB: …right away, sir…

>But even if there's no signs of Blood Blossom you'll still induce vomiting.
When you tell Briannah you have something that will help her, she visibly calms down and let you pour the vomit inducer into her maw, which she greedily gulps down to the best of her abilities.

:BriannahSB: *BARF!*

Luckily, Doxan was right on time with an empty urn in hand.

:BriannahSB: *GASP!* WHEEZE* ugh…*gasp*…
:CalciasSB: Who should have done this!?

>Also who else drank that wine and how are they doing right now.
:ThaliaSB: Oh no! I did!
:NonSB: And so d-
:SisahSB: Don’t worry, it seems the only glass with poison in it was Briannah… it seems to be a substance called Chocking Willow… wait, what is this? Why is the same substance coated on your pocket, Major Qelba?
:QelbaSB: W-what? I d-don’t ‘now what yah’re talking a-about…
:DoxanSB: Don’t move an inch, Major…
:SisahSB: Here… there’s a small bag full of… chocking willow?
:QelbaSB: T-that’s n-not mine!
:ThaliaSB: Hey! You were the one who came with her drink! It has to have been you who poisoned it!
:XarringSB: This is an outrage!
:QelbaSB: T-t-this must b-be some k-kind of misunderstanding! I w-would n-never-
:DoxanSB: They are going to ‘ave ye ‘ead for this, traitor…
:QelbaSB: I’M NO TRAITOR! I was set up!
:SisahSB:interesting… why doesn’t he have any on his hands?

>Ask Qelba where he got that wine from.
:QelbaSB: I-it was right o-over there… w-with the tea…
:XarrinSB: They brought it in before the meeting… both of them ‘as been before being delivered, so they should be poison free.

>Be sure to give her a tummy rub.
:BriannahSB: T-tha… y…h…

…in the corner of your eye, you spot a single white dove flying away from the windowsill.
>>
No. 665569 ID: e97f26

Indeed it was a set up. From a mysterious origin.
>>
No. 665570 ID: 46df9e

Sisah brings up a good point, before we immediately charge Qelba as a traitor check everyone's hands for any trace of the poison.
>>
No. 665573 ID: 99cfa8
665573

>>665570
Make sure you check Xarrin, specifically, since he was the other fetching drinks.

Also, Major Unimportant, just because he'd be ready to overlook.

Hopefully it wasn't done by the dove, because hoo boy is that gonna make you look crazy to put out as a theory.
>>
No. 665575 ID: e114bc

>>665561
If this is a setup, then it was someone who was near enough to Qelba en route to stash the poison on him and poison the wine glass. That narrows down the suspects, but since Sisah can detect the poison she can check everyone's hands and clothes if necessary. Whoever has traces of it on their hands is the poisoner. If NOBODY has traces... then someone did it and escaped. I mean, c'mon. The guy being implicated is well known for despising spies and assassins. If he wanted to kill Briannah he'd do it more directly, like by ambushing her with a band of mercenaries or something.
>>
No. 665576 ID: 1cebc8

My guess is that the Major was considering it, but he didn't actually do it or else there would be some trace residue on his hands or coat sleeves. Check around for anything that he could have used to move the poison, including powers and one-time enchantments.

There's too much floating evidence and not enough time. Dismiss the case to throw Illasia off, and get started on preventing the next attempt.
>>
No. 665591 ID: ba3853

Detain him, for his safety and others, not quite sure which, yet. This doesn't leave the room, everyone hear? And for the love of all that is good, someone hurry with the doctors!
>>
No. 665596 ID: 9ddf68

Just detain him for now and launch a proper investigation. Not going to say we know the guy well enough say he's innocent but from we have heard of the guy he's so damn honor bound that he POISONING someone just strikes me as odd to say the least. Besides what would he have to gain if he did poison Briannah and it seceded?
>>
No. 665602 ID: c43722

That dove showing up here could easily be a coincidence since the palace seems to have loads of those flying white rats nesting about, but you have the feeling it wasn't. Either Illasia was watching to see if whoever was her agent here succeeded in poisoning Briannah, or she caught wind of the poison plot and wanted to see if it worked. ...Or maybe the dove somehow was involved in the poisoning attempt. Well, whether she was involved or not, all you can do right now is follow the trail of Choking Willow and see where it leads.

You'd think at first that Major Qelba did it, since the pouch of Choking Willow was in his pocket and he started stuttering and acting very nervous when Sisah found it, but the lack of traces of poison on his hands rules him out... Unless he somehow cleaned his hands after applying it, but you doubt he could have done that without anybody noticing. So it's likely it was slipped into his pocket by another, either after they poisoned Briannah's wine or before the meeting in order to frame him for the poisoning. There may be another with the same skill as Doxan, or even better than him, who did this. Though, you would very much like to know why Qelba started stuttering as soon as Sisah found the poison in his pocket.

Ask everybody besides Sisah to stay where they are; You don't want them spreading around any traces of Choking Willow that may be on the floor. Also ask them to keep their hands where we can all see them; You don't want anybody surreptitiously wiping or cleaning traces of the poison off their hands. Ask Sisah to scan the whole floor for traces of Choking Willow, followed by the counter where the wine was, the tables, the doorknobs and then the hands, clothes and shoes/feet of everyone here. And when you say "everyone" you mean absolutely everyone, including Doxan, yourself and Briannah; You want to be absolutely thorough here.

It's unfortunate that Sisah handled the bag of Choking Willow since how you can't get a swab from her hands for later poison analysis to rule out her possible involvement. For now you just have to trust that she didn't have a part in it and what she's saying her scans indicate is true.

About how big and light is the bag of Choking Willow? You think a dove could have carried it in?

Ask a couple guards to help Briannah up off the floor and over to lay on a couch or at least into a chair so she can be more comfortable while she recovers. Get Briannah a cup of water to rinse her mouth out with; There's usually a tray with a pitcher of water and some glasses at meetings, but if there isn't ask a guard to go get one. Make sure Sisah scans it before Briannah drinks it. And stay by Briannah's side the whole time, holding her arm to comfort her.

Whisper to Briannah at some point that you both have Cain to thank since he's the one who remembered to bring you the bottles of vomit inducer this evening after you forgot them in your clothes from last night.

After this episode you're certainly going to put books on poisons at the top of your study list. Memorizing a comprehensive list of known poisons for both Sakkilians and Varks and their counters will likely save your life or Briannahs'.
>>
No. 665627 ID: ba3853

Also, how's Briannah holding up?
>>
No. 665634 ID: 350a50

Qelba is know for despising assassins and stealth., Briannah herself told you his loyalty is why he was trusted to be here despite his hatred for Varkians. Give him the benefit of the doubt; believe him when he says he was set up until you have more proof.

He has no traces of poison on his hands. Have Sisah look around for discarded gloves that do have traces of the poison.

Be sure to examine every detail of the crime scene before jumping to conclusions.
>>
No. 665641 ID: c43722

>>665634
Also check the hands of anyone who's wearing gloves right now in case they put them on after adding the poison. Oh, and also empty out everybody's pockets.
>>
No. 666266 ID: 65a774
File 144112468566.png - (40.19KB , 686x526 , 25.png )
666266

>About how big and light is the bag of Choking Willow?
It’s a small linen bag, probably doesn’t even weight more than a kilo.
>Memorizing a comprehensive list of known poisons for both Sakkilians and Varks and their counters will likely save your life or Briannahs'.
There’s bound to be thousands of different poisons! There’s no way you can memorize them all.
>Ask a couple guards to help Briannah up off the floor and over to lay on a couch or at least into a chair so she can be more comfortable while she recovers.
She’s already recovered enough to crawl back into her chair… though it doesn’t seem like she’ll be getting out of it any time soon.

>Ask everybody besides Sisah to stay where they are; You don't want them spreading around any traces of Choking Willow that may be on the floor.
:ThaliaSB: I don’t think we have a choice, considering this is now a crime scene and we’re all suspected…
>Ask Sisah to scan the whole floor for traces of Choking Willow, followed by the counter where the wine was, the tables, the doorknobs and then the hands, clothes and shoes/feet of everyone here.
:SisahSB: There are some traces of it the counter where the wine was, but all hands and other limbs are clean on everyone.
>Make sure you check Xarrin, specifically, since he was the other fetching drinks.
:XarrinSB: H-hey…
:SisahSB: Hmm… no, nothing…
>Also check the hands of anyone who's wearing gloves right now in case they put them on after adding the poison.
:CalciasSB: See, clean as a whistle.
:SisahSB: I can’t say I agree, but no traces of poison here either…
>Oh, and also empty out everybody's pockets.
:SisahSB: Lint… coins… pipe… glasses… no poison.
>Check around for anything that he could have used to move the poison.
:SisahSB: Oh, I got something. There are traces of poison in the trash can! It’s faint, put it’s there.
:DoxanSB: …old food, pieces of paper, ‘alf used candle… did the assassin use a piece of junk to ‘andle the poison with?

>You would very much like to know why Qelba started stuttering as soon as Sisah found the poison in his pocket.
:QelbaSB: ‘ow am I supposed to react when someone find a bag of poison on your person while someone very important to the Empress ‘erself is dying in front of yah!?
>The guy being implicated is well known for despising spies and assassins. If he wanted to kill Briannah he'd do it more directly, like by ambushing her with a band of mercenaries or something.
:QelbaSB: Indeed… if I wanted ‘er gone, I would challenge ‘er to an duel!
>Detain him, for his safety and others, not quite sure which, yet.
:QelbaSB: Understandable… I do ‘ope yah ‘ave a cell for more noble captives…
:CalciasSB: Guards, take him away for further questioning.
:NonSB: Yes, sir.

>Also, how's Briannah holding up?
:BriannahSB: ugh… a-apart from f…f-feeling c-com…complete ssshit I’m j-just d…d…dandy…
:KronosSB: Well, at least you’re good enough to talk…
>Get Briannah a cup of water to rinse her mouth out with; There's usually a tray with a pitcher of water and some glasses at meetings.
:BriannahSB: T-thanks…
>And stay by Briannah's side the whole time, holding her arm to comfort her.
She wags her tail a bit when you grab her arm and sit down next to her…

>And for the love of all that is good, someone hurry with the doctors!
:NonSB: Sir, can you please move aside so we can take a look at the patient.
:KronosSB: Oh, of course.



:KronosSB: So… how is she?
:NonSB: She’s doing rather well, sir. We’ll need to escort her to the medical wing, give her some healing magic and some rest, but she’ll probably be her normal self by tomorrow, sir.
:KronosSB: That’s good to hear.
:NonSB: Oh, and she requested that you visit her later. She wanted to talk to you about something.
:KronosSB: Noted.

So… it seems this meeting is over. You should stay and try to find any new clues about the poisoning… or leave it to the guard to take care of it. Maybe you should follow Briannah and keep her company… but you’re not even sure if they’ll allow you to keep her company while they are treating her. You guess you should also do the other things you planned before bed… like the weird prayers to the other gods and stuff like that.
>>
No. 666272 ID: 1cebc8

Go out into the city, find some mercs to hire. You need defensive units to defend against further assassination attempts. If you're worried that they might turn on you, just show them Xuv and promise them power.
>>
No. 666274 ID: 3663d3

i guess. maybe ask xuv to 'take her time' getting to you if someone does something that results in you dying.
>>
No. 666278 ID: e114bc

>>666266
So, the poisoner used a piece of paper to move the poison. Folded in half to guide it like a funnel. Hang on, who was near the trash can? Can we retrace everyone's steps to eliminate suspects?

Honestly if it's not Qelba then it has to be Xarrin, the only other person who was near the drinks when they were being poured. He asked Qelba to come help him, and he was sweet-talking both Kronos and Briannah the whole time... can we check his background? Any spy experience? Relation to anti-varkian groups? Oh well put him in jail too since we can't really prove it. Tempting to put them in the same cell, see if the innocent man can get the guilty one to crack.
...it really doesn't make sense that the poisoner would put the poison back in their pocket afterwards, either. They'd ditch it in the trash, at least.

I wish we could check for fingerprints or something.
>>
No. 666311 ID: 9ddf68

ok before everyone leaves the room, at least tell me what the fifth guy looks like. The one that everyone seemed to ignore and barely even acknowledged his presents. We can ask Briannah later for the guy's name. Not to sure what we can do to help with the investigation but might as well stay to see what we can find. What with the super eye body guard and whatnot. Then we can visit Briannah in the medical wing.
>>
No. 666313 ID: ea0ad9

Investigate what happened.
>>
No. 666316 ID: 350a50

>>666266
Where did Major Unimportant go?
>>
No. 666490 ID: e114bc

Oooooohhh, wait I know how to deal with this. Tell Qelba how we think Xarrin is the poisoner and was trying to frame him, but we have no proof aside from him being really the only other person who could have done it. Suggest he challenge Xarrin to a duel, that will solve the problem.
>>
No. 666501 ID: 350a50

>>666490
I feel like the flamboyant asskisser is too obvious as well. We need more evidence.
>>
No. 666548 ID: 65a774
File 144121107719.png - (32.80KB , 686x526 , 26.png )
666548

>Go out into the city, find some mercs to hire.
You already have a merc fallowing you around… and you’re not really sure you can trust even more of them. Too many cooks spoil the broth… that kind of thing.
>If you're worried that they might turn on you, just show them Xuv and promise them power.
…you’re pretty sure they’d sell you out to the church for a hefty sum if you showed them that. It is heretical, after all.
>Maybe ask xuv to 'take her time' getting to you if someone does something that results in you dying.
Is she still even in control of the dead? You’re pretty sure it’s Illasia who guides the dead nowadays.
>At least tell me what the fifth guy looks like.
He’s a Varkian… and… he’s kind of… young, you guess? It’s kind of hard to describe, but that man seems to be so average looking that he doesn’t have any kind of real distinct features. In fact, he’s face is so plain you barely have to look away from him before forgetting how he looked like.

>Honestly if it's not Qelba then it has to be Xarrin, the only other person who was near the drinks when they were being poured.
He is suspect, yes… but it’s possible the goblet was already poisoned? But how should they have known that Briannah would drink from it? Hmm… maybe Briannah wasn’t even the intended target? Dammit, you need more information!
>Can we check his background?
You guess you can ask Briannah about that…
>Oh well put him in jail too since we can't really prove it.
…you’re pretty sure you need to have something on him before you can throw him into a cell. This is already a diplomatic disaster as it is! You can’t just throw people in prison because they might have done something!
>Tell Qelba how we think Xarrin is the poisoner and was trying to frame him, but we have no proof aside from him being really the only other person who could have done it. Suggest he challenge Xarrin to a duel, which will solve the problem.
It sounds like that would just create more problems! Having people kill each other right here at the palace without any proof would be a diplomatic catastrophe! …not to mention, it’s possible both of them are innocent!
>I feel like the flamboyant asskisser is too obvious as well. We need more evidence.
Indeed. We need to know exactly who did it and why.

>Not too sure what we can do to help with the investigation but might as well stay to see what we can find. What with the super eye body guard and whatnot.
:DoxanSB: Let’s see… from what I’ve gathered, this is what ‘appened in ‘ere. First, servants went through the room and cleaned it, and then the Varkians arrived, that is to say, the two generals and the major. Just a few seconds later, Briannah arrives with the newly taste tested wine and tea followed a ‘alf a minute later by the Sakkilian Generals. Then, lastly, yah arrive about two minutes later.
:KronosSB: And I was there for the rest… hmm… Sisah, did you find anything?
:SisahSB: There might be traces of poison on the door handle, but I’m not sure, boss. Too many people have been touching it.
:KronosSB: Dammit, if that’s true, then the poisoner might not even have been in the room when the deed was done! Who knows, maybe Briannah wasn’t even the target! Gah… Doxan, keep looking around… I’ll go see if I can visit Briannah.
:DoxanSB: Do be careful, sir.
:KronosSB: …have you warmed up to me or…?
:DoxanSB: I’ve sworn to protect ‘er excellency. That includes protecting ‘er ’usband.
:KronosSB: …husband?
:DoxanSB: ‘er word, not mine.
:KronosSB: Right…


>Then we can visit Briannah in the medical wing.
You’re forced to wait for about forty-five minutes before they let you see her, but it seems she’s recovered remarkable well.

:BriannahSB: -eck with the servants who were there before the meeting, see if they touched any of the goblets be-
:NonSB: He’s here, your excellency…
:BriannahSB: Ah, there yah are ‘usband.
:KronosSB: Hello, Br-
:BriannahSB: Before yah say anything, I want to use a favor.
:KronosSB: …okay? What do you want?
:BriannahSB: Well, Can yah get me something soft and feathery to ‘ug while I sleep? I rather not sleep alone tonight. …oh, and I don’t mean a pillow.
:KronosSB: …you want me to sleep with you tonight?
:BriannahSB: if you would be a dear…?
>>
No. 666558 ID: e114bc

>>666548
Of course, dear.
>>
No. 666562 ID: 4ed066

Be a dear.
Discover the joys of being the Little Spoon.
>>
No. 666567 ID: 1cebc8

Run from the room screaming. Do not stop running until you pass out.

Attempt to analyze assassination attempts as your spontaneity shatters any semblance of schematics that your enemies embolden with exquisite emancipation!
>>
No. 666568 ID: cf91e4

>barely have to look away from him before forgetting how he looked like
That... doesn't seem normal. It's also the type of thing that would really help a spy or assassin. Might be a useful addition to the team anyways. We should ask Tim about illusion magic later. And maybe look up his military record.

Sounds fine, might be a nice distraction for the both of you.
>>
No. 666586 ID: 9ddf68

not sure if the doctors will let us share a bed... not sure if we could both even fit on one hospital bed, but I don't see any harm in it. But I got a request as well. Not really a favor but more of a general goal. Can both of us please try and stop having to spend the night in the castle's medical wing? It's starting to get to the point where I feel I should just have a bed in reserve.
>>
No. 666610 ID: 570911

>In fact, he’s face is so plain you barely have to look away from him before forgetting how he looked like.
that's.... eerie.
> maybe Briannah wasn’t even the intended target?
Killing anyone in the room would have created an incident. That doesn't explain how a brick of poison ended up in someone's pocket. Keep in mind, this could be one of those warring nations trying to weaken you instead of separatists.

> if you would be a dear…?
I understand the need for comfort, but the look on your face gives me pause.
>>
No. 666628 ID: ea0ad9

>Well, Can yah get me something soft and feathery to ‘ug while I sleep? I rather not sleep alone tonight. …oh, and I don’t mean a pillow.
Is it really fair to count that as a favor? We were already planning that, anyways.
>>
No. 666629 ID: 350a50

>>666548
>>666610
>Killing anyone in the room would have created an incident. That doesn't explain how a brick of poison ended up in someone's pocket.
>He is suspect, yes… but it’s possible the goblet was already poisoned? But how should they have known that Briannah would drink from it?

What if Qelba was the target? If it was the goblet, and not the taste-tested wine, it could have happened to anyone... except Qelba, who would be too professional to drink during a strategic meeting.
Not an assassination, but a framejob by whoever planted that poison on him.
>>
No. 666677 ID: e114bc

>>666629
He's also loyal. Removing a loyal subject from play is an advantage...
>>
No. 666797 ID: c43722

Briannah's request is actually very convenient for you since Xuv said you had to be close to her while you two slept for Xuv to protect her. It saves you having to come up with an excuse to share Briannah's hospital bed tonight and uses up one of her three favors to boot. ...And you have to admit to yourself, your heart did skip a beat at the thought of being embraced by her all night long, so there's that too.

Say in a obviously non-serious tone that while you don't quite appreciate the comparison of your physique to that of a feather pillow, despite how accurate, you'll still do her favor and be her "pillow" for tonight.

You should ask the doctors if they'll give you a mild sleep inducer since you woke up so late today and you're not used to being held by another while you sleep. Otherwise you'll likely be wide awake into the wee hours of the morning and wake up feeling like crap.

Earlier Briannah said she had a surprise in store for you when you returned tonight. Ask her if she's still going to give it to you or is she going to put it off until later.

Ask Briannah if she'd be okay with talking about the poisoning attempt now or if she'd rather leave it for the night and turn in; You don't want to push it if she's tired. If she agrees to talk ask what she knows of Major Xarrin and if in her opinion he could be the poisoner. Though, with what you know now you're very near to ruling him out. Even if he poured the dose of Choking Willow out of a tiny envelope, traces would still get on his hands or clothes, and Sisah detected no traces on him. Plus, if he was the poisoner he wouldn't have asked anybody to help him with the wine, let alone Qelba. And Xarrin also knows Qelba more than well enough to know that trying to frame him for poisoning would be downright stupid.

>There might be traces of poison on the door handle, but I’m not sure, boss. Too many people have been touching it.
But the only person in the room you know had traces of Choking Willow on their hands was Sisah from her taking the bag of it out of Qelba's pocket; Everyone else's hands scanned clean. That means the traces on the door handle couldn't have come from anybody at the meeting. It had to have been from somebody who was in there before and left. Ask Sisah if the traces were on just the inside door handle, or both the inside and outside ones.

You wish you'd thought to take the items out of the waste basket for Sisah to do a closer scan on them. You'd bet there'd be a folded paper or tiny envelope in there with a high concentration of Choking Willow on the inside and that'd be how the poisoner carried the dose of poison in; Trying to scoop the dose out of a bag would be too conspicuous. You'll have to ask Doxan or the guards later if they found something like that.

Tell Briannah that you have a theory that the target wasn't her but rather Qelba; That somebody wanted to frame him for poisoning and anybody at the meeting dying from poison would do. So the poisoner came to the room before the meeting, dosed the wine goblet, then slipped the Choking Willow pouch into Qelba's pocket as he came to the meeting. Either that or the poisoner slipped it into Qelba's pocket before coming to the meeting room and dosing the goblet. ...But this theory kinda falls down since someone who would target Qelba would also very likely know his vehement anti-poison stance and trying to frame him for poisoning would probably not work. Still, ask Briannah if there's anybody she can think of who'd hold a big enough grudge against Qelba to try and pull something like this.

Your other theory is that the poisoner, or whoever is behind them, wanted to sow diplomatic strife. Poisoning anyone at the meeting would have done for that, but if they got Briannah that would be their "jackpot." And they slipped the bag of poison into Qelba's pocket just 'cause he was on his way to the meeting figuring it might work to frame him, not knowing his strong anti-poison stance. So basically they spun the wheel, hoping it wouldn't be the guy they slipped the poison bag to 'cause that'd be suspicious as hell. Though, this theory does raise the question of why the poisoner dosed only one wine goblet and not all of them, as well as all the tea cups, since it would have killed more targets and increased the odds they'd get Briannah.

Ask how big a dose of Choking Willow is fatal. Is it small enough to dust the inside of a wine goblet and not be noticeable? Also ask if Choking Willow is fatal to Varks as well as Sakkilians. If it is then you can figure whoever the poisoner was didn't care who would die in there.

Ask how long the wine goblets were in the meeting room. If they were there before the servants arrived to clean the room then the goblet interior could have been dusted with poison by anybody.

With all this, you think the servants who cleaned the room, as well as the ones who brought the goblets up, should be brought in by the guard for questioning and to be checked for traces of Choking Willow on themselves and their clothes. Their quarters should also be checked for traces of the poison. And it should also be checked if any of them immediately went to wash up and change clothes after they did their jobs there.

>Is she still even in control of the dead? You’re pretty sure it’s Illasia who guides the dead nowadays.
And the only source you have on that is Illasia's scripture, so you can't really trust it to be true. For all you know Illasia couldn't handle the job, either whole or in part, and on her watch who knows how many souls of the departed she failed to shepherd to their proper celestial destination.

>In fact, he’s face is so plain you barely have to look away from him before forgetting how he looked like.
Which in an ironic way makes him notable once you realize that fact. You'd guess he came up the ranks from the espionage services since such a trait is good for spies and agents... Or con men... Hm... Now that you think about it, if someone wanted to infiltrate the palace you imagine they could do so by kidnapping the real major and replacing him with their own equally forgettable impostor. And nobody here notices that he doesn't look and sound quite like himself 'cause nobody remembers what he looked and sounded like before. Though, this idea kinda falls down if anybody asks the impostor something they know the real major would know, but a good impostor knows how to bullshit their way out of situations like that.
>>
No. 667198 ID: 65a774
File 144138531249.png - (37.47KB , 686x526 , 27.png )
667198

>Attempt to analyze assassination attempts as your spontaneity shatters any semblance of schematics that your enemies embolden with exquisite emancipation!
Analyzing the assassination attempts alludes to the assertions you’ve already acquired from the actions you’ve attended made by the assassins.
>You should ask the doctors if they'll give you a mild sleep inducer since you woke up so late today and you're not used to being held by another while you sleep.
You’re already exhausted as it is. The training you did with Briannah combined with the hectic day you had really drained your powers.
>Briannah's request is actually very convenient for you since Xuv said you had to be close to her while you two slept for Xuv to protect her.
Hmm… well, that’s one point in the favor with sleeping here with her…
>And you have to admit to yourself, your heart did skip a beat at the thought of being embraced by her all night long, so there's that too.
You’re still a bit uncertain of which emotion exactly that made your heart skip, though.
> Discover the joys of being the Little Spoon.
Personally, you prefer the big spoon. That way you can get way more ice cream with each scoop.


>Run from the room screaming. Do not stop running until you pass out.
:KronosSB:
:BriannahSB: …what? Why do yah look like a deer who just noticed the wolf stalking it?
:KronosSB: N-no reason…
>I understand the need for comfort, but the look on your face gives me pause.
:BriannahSB: Aw… but I promise I don’t bite… … …much…
>Say in an obviously non-serious tone that while you don't quite appreciate the comparison of your physique to that of a feather pillow, despite how accurate, you'll still do her favor and be her "pillow" for tonight.
:BriannahSB: Where there ever any doubt...?
>But I got a request as well. Not really a favor but more of a general goal. Can both of us please try and stop having to spend the night in the castle's medical wing?
:BriannahSB: I ‘ave to concur. I’ve seen too much of this wing already. I guess both of us need to be a bit more vigilant in the future, eh?
>not sure if the doctors will let us share a bed...
:BriannahSB: Bah, this thing can clearly ‘old us both. They just want me to get some rest, nothing more, and I can’t see ‘ow yah being ‘ere will change that.
>Earlier Briannah said she had a surprise in store for you when you returned tonight. Ask her if she's still going to give it to you or is she going to put it off until later.
:BriannahSB: Heh, not really in the mood for such things right now, yah ‘ave to understand, eh?
:KronosSB: Right…
:BriannahSB: I’m sure it would be more fitting to… ah, surprise yah tomorrow after that romantic dinner yah’ve promised me.

>Ask Briannah if she'd be okay with talking about the poisoning attempt now or if she'd rather leave it for the night and turn in; You don't want to push it if she's tired.
:BriannahSB: I was planning on staying up and reading for a while anyway, so shoot.
>If she agrees to talk ask what she knows of Major Xarrin and if in her opinion he could be the poisoner.
:BriannahSB: Xarrin? Hmm, can’t really say it would fit ‘im as I ‘now ‘im.
:KronosSB: …being an ass kisser?
:BriannahSB: ‘e’s not really an arse kisser, though ‘e ‘as show a lot of support for the marriage between the two of us. In fact, ‘e ‘as always tried to gather support for making peace between our nations, including voting yes on both the peace treaty as well as the suggestion of our wedding.
>Tell Briannah that you have a theory that the target wasn't her but rather Qelba; That somebody wanted to frame him for poisoning and anybody at the meeting dying from poison would do.
:BriannahSB: Hmm… that’s a possibility. Then suddenly a lot of other people would ‘ave motivation, because Qelba is an arse.
>Ask Briannah if there's anybody she can think of who'd hold a big enough grudge against Qelba to try and pull something like this.
:BriannahSB: Besides nearly anyone who ‘ave talked to the arse?
:KronosSB: Besides that.
:BriannahSB: Well… there are many other officers who can’t stand ‘im at all… which would include Xarrin. The two of them ‘as always been at each other’s throat as long as I’ve ‘nown them.
>Your other theory is that the poisoner, or whoever is behind them, wanted to sow diplomatic strife.
:BriannahSB: Well, that’s a given. Either killing me or framing Qelba would both be rather bad for the continued alliance between our nations, eh?
>Ask how big a dose of Choking Willow is fatal.
:BriannahSB: No idea.
>Ask how long the wine goblets were in the meeting room.
:BriannahSB: No idea on that either.

>With all this, you think the servants who cleaned the room, as well as the ones who brought the goblets up, should be brought in by the guard for questioning.
:BriannahSB: I’ve already ordered them to be brought in, do not worry. Now, get over ‘ere so I can snuggle yah!
:KronosSB: At least let me change clothes!
>>
No. 667199 ID: 65a774
File 144138532768.png - (29.04KB , 686x526 , 28.png )
667199

…you… … …doomed… soul… … …Illasia… …death…
>>
No. 667200 ID: 65a774
File 144138533846.png - (36.49KB , 686x526 , 29.png )
667200

*Lick*

*Lick*

*Lick*
>>
No. 667202 ID: e6fcea

A lil too early for breakfast, Briannah.
Snuggle your wife-to-be, Prince. Fate be willing, this moment might get to last a wee while longer.
>>
No. 667203 ID: 237a99

Be very. Very. Still.
>>
No. 667206 ID: 9297f4

Try to motorboat the best you can out of her chest.
>>
No. 667239 ID: 9ddf68

so how'd you sleep kronos?

...oh she's licking you... I don't know whether or not I should find that funny or frighting seeing as she did say she likes the taste of varks. Well as long as she doesn't try to bite you you'll be fine. Might want to try getting out of her grasp or waking her up though.
>>
No. 667251 ID: dbe554

You know what, lick her right back, you aren't going to be the only one licked in this relationship.
>>
No. 667263 ID: cec5ab

>>667199
PRO-TEC-TED mother fucker.

>>667200
Weeee really need to deal with this "finds you delicious" thing.
Or at the very least if shes going to try eat you she should be willing to let you "eat" her
>>
No. 667295 ID: 4ed066

>>667200
lick back. look at that wiggly tail, right there in your face.
>>
No. 667361 ID: 2fe475

You could always suck/nibble on her tail, If you're into that sort of thing
>>
No. 667404 ID: c43722

Good morning, Kronos. How you feeling after being Brianna's feather pillow? Tired? Rested? Sore from her arm and tail laying on you? And what's going through your head? You have to be feeling at least a bit weird that you just slept through a whole night while being spooned by a massive Sakkilian and didn't freak out at all. You didn't even have your customary stress nightmare which you'd total expect to have in this situation. It's has to feel really odd. ...But not as odd as Bri licking the top of your head feels. Best consider that a sign of her affection and absolutely, positively nothing else.

There's no big rush to get up. Let Bri sleep a few minutes longer. Lay still, enjoy the warmth and take this quiet time to gather your thoughts before the trials of the day. ...It'll also give your morning wood time to subside. You'd rather not Bri see you "pitching a tent" down there right now.

>…you… … …doomed… soul… … …Illasia… …death…
Well, you guess Xuv's protection worked since Bri's still alive and lickin' and you didn't have any nightmares. Now Illasia knows you've thrown in with Xuv and is going to focus on you and those you care for. You'll have to be extra vigilant for not only Bri but Cain too. You ought to request protection for Cain to, under the pretext that he does so much to watch out for and protect that it makes him a target for assassins to make it more likely for later assassins to get you. In fact, your personal servants does that as well to an extent, so they should get some protection as well.

Concentrate and try to remember as much of your dreams as you can before you forget. What did the voice you hear sound like? What was it's emotional tone? Was it only a single voice you heard or more than one? And how long were the periods between the words you could make out? You might be able to guess at what the whole sentence was from that.

Try turning your head and pressing your ear against Bri's chest to listen to her heart beat and to her breathe for a bit.

When it comes time to get up, give Bri a solid lickin' back to wake her up. Slowly reach out and pull her tail into a hug, then give it a slurp; It'll be interesting to find out what her skin tastes like. And if that doesn't wake her up, give it a very light bite... But if you're too much of a wimp to do either of those things, you can try tickling her tail instead, perhaps by brushing your arm's feathers along it.

Once she's up, bid her good morning, ask her how well she slept, and tell her how well you did. Then tell her you woke up to the peculiar feeling of her repeatedly licking the top of your head like a big cat. You'd kinda like her explanation of what that was. You have your assumption, but you'd like to hear what she has to say to confirm it.

Help Bri put her prosthetics on; You should learn how to do this sooner rather than later. Ask if she gets phantom pains where her limbs were occasionally and if you massaging her left forearm or what's left of her left leg would help sooth them.

Bri's undoubtedly famished by now after what happened yesterday, so you'll hurry up and get the doctors to sign off on her clean bill of health, then you two can head over to your private dining room for breakfast. You'll ask Cain or somebody to run down what's going on with the investigation into her attempted poisoning and give you an update there if there's news. You asked Doxan to keep looking around, so maybe he found something. And remember you're going to join Bri on her morning exercises, so don't eat anything too heavy.

Make sure to check that the book of prayers and Cain's translation notes are still in the pockets of your suit from yesterday. You do not want those vanishing on you right now.

>>667206
...She does have significant pecs, so this may have been possible in a small way if not for the insurmountable fact that Kronos does not have lips.
>>
No. 667415 ID: 65a774
File 144148033623.png - (30.27KB , 686x526 , 30.png )
667415

>Be very. Very. Still.
You’re pretty sure that the fact that their sight is motion based is just a rumor…
>so how'd you sleep Kronos?
You find yourself surprised how well you have slept. In fact, you had this amazing dream about… something…? You remember feeling a warmth but… that’s about it…
>You ought to request protection for Cain too.
You’re pretty sure he’s already under protection, though not on the same scale as you.

>Try to motorboat the best you can out of her chest.
There are a few problems with that. First off, she doesn’t really have any breasts… second, you don’t have any lips either… and lastly, motorboats haven’t even been invented yet, so you have no idea what it even is!
>Or at the very least if shes going to try eat you she should be willing to let you "eat" her.
Why do you have a feeling she would agree to that wholeheartedly?
>Best consider that a sign of her affection and absolutely, positively nothing else.
Yeah… she’s probably just showing affection… and don’t want to cook and eat you.
>Let Bri sleep a few minutes longer. Lay still, enjoy the warmth and take this quiet time to gather your thoughts before the trials of the day.
Though, you have to admit, it’s quite nice lying here, embraced by her warm body…


>You know what, lick her right back, you aren't going to be the only one licked in this relationship. Look at that wiggly tail, right there in your face.
:KronosSB: … …*lick*
:BriannahSB: Oh, so yah’re finally awake, eh? *lick*
:KronosSB: W-wait, y-you’ve been awake all this time, licking me?
:BriannahSB: Yeeeesss? *lick*
:KronosSB: …can I ask why?
:BriannahSB: Because it’s fun? *lick* Also, I like licking my prey before the main course…
:KronosSB: Err…
>It'll be interesting to find out what her skin tastes like.
Strangely sweet…
>Once she's up, bid her good morning, ask her how well she slept, and tell her how well you did.
:BriannahSB: So you slept well, eh? Good to ‘now. As for me… well, ‘ugging a big pile of soft feathers really do make yah sleep soundly, don’t it?
>A lil too early for breakfast, Briannah.
:BriannahSB: Yeah… ‘ow about we just enjoy this moment just for a while longer? It’s nice, isn’t it?
>Snuggle your wife-to-be, Prince.
You decide to just lie there for a moment longer, enjoying the mutual warmth between the two of you.


>Help Bri put her prosthetics on; You should learn how to do this sooner rather than later.
:BriannahSB: -ere to make it fit properly… see, that wasn’t so ‘ard…
:KronosSB: Still…felt weird putting back a leg on someone…
>Ask if she gets phantom pains where her limbs were occasionally and if you massaging her left forearm or what's left of her left leg would help sooth them.
:BriannahSB: Pains? Not really… but I guess a massage wouldn’t ‘urt. Of course, we ‘ave to wait for that to later, eh?
>You'll ask Cain or somebody to run down what's going on with the investigation into her attempted poisoning and give you an update there if there's news.
:CainSB: Sir, the only new development on the case is either proof of the assassins ineptitude or your wife’s lack of luck.
:KronosSB: What do you mean?
:CainSB: Well, it seems that the dosage of the poison wouldn’t have been lethal when mixed with a goblet full of wine… unless you quaff the whole goblet in just a few seconds.
:BriannahSB: ‘ey, I was thirsty, alright?
>Make sure to check that the book of prayers and Cain's translation notes are still in the pockets of your suit from yesterday. You do not want those vanishing on you right now.
Luckily, it’s still exactly where you left it.

Now, what is the plan for today? You’ll need to take some time to have a proper breakfast with Briannah before training a bit with her, but after that you should be free. In fact, apparently Bri is busy with some lunch meeting so you should have the whole day for yourself. Let’s see, you need to find out what’s the deal is with these prayers, what the deal is with the garden, what Illasia is up too, prepare a romantic dinner to tonight, help Bri get that thing she wanted from storage and… was it something else?

:CainSB: Oh, and sir? Your brother arrived earlier this morning… as well as lady Briannahs half-brother. Apparently, this Belseth arrived in tow of the Grand Arch-Bishop of the Illasian faith, sir. Good to know if you wish to meet your new family a bit, no?
>>
No. 667422 ID: 9297f4

Well, time to met the family and prepare to be called a heretic or something of the sort by your future brother in law.
>>
No. 667424 ID: 3663d3

that makes me suspect even more that it was just a frame job on Qelba. anyone else taking that goblet would have gotten sick but not deathly ill, would then have found the choking weed and implicated him. is why it was a random cup, anyone could have taken it and still implicate him.
>>
No. 667483 ID: 237a99

>‘ey, I was thirsty, alright?
Keep an eye on that. She's hardly had an easy life and you don't want her to die of liver failure too.

> Your brother arrived earlier this morning
How's your relationship with your brother? Should we expect a happy reunion, an ego-crushing rebuff, or a repeat of your introduction to Briannah?
>>
No. 667500 ID: 9ddf68

well as for what to do, after you're morning with Briannah is over send someone to set up a meeting with your brother and we can catch up over lunch or something. While we wait to see if that will pan out or not see if either the priest of Ifocen or the priest of Gaisia responded to your letters. Other things we should do in no particular order is check in with our personal cooks and see if they can't help us come up with an idea for what we should have them make for Briannah, Find a nice sheath for that sword, meat up with your gardening buddy and ask him to keep an eye on the crypt for you while they clean it, and we can try the prayer book again latter tonight. I belive we wanted to try to pray to Gaisia to see if we got a weird vision like we did with Ifocen.

As for the thing Briannah wanted us to help her find, ask her when she'd like to get on that and we can work from there.
>>
No. 667749 ID: 65a774
File 144155690512.png - (11.84KB , 686x526 , 31.png )
667749

>How's your relationship with your brother? Should we expect a happy reunion, an ego-crushing rebuff, or a repeat of your introduction to Briannah?
While the two of you don’t share a lot of common interests, you’re still brothers and love each other.
>Keep an eye on her drinking. She's hardly had an easy life and you don't want her to die of liver failure too.
Geez, why do you have a feeling this whole thing will end up with you having to babysit everyone?
>prepare to be called a heretic or something of the sort by your future brother in law.
You’re pretty sure he won’t know that you’ve done something heretic.
>As for the thing Briannah wanted us to help her find, ask her when she'd like to get on that and we can work from there.
:BriannahSB: Hmm? Oh, anytime between lunch and dinner will be fine, really. But enough about that, it’s time to train that skinny body of yours! Come on, get a move on! Hut hut hut!

Once again, Briannah runs you ragged and make every muscle in your body scream for the pain to stop. After a grueling workout, it feels wonderful taking a cold shower before meeting the world anew.

>After you're morning with Briannah is over send someone to set up a meeting with your brother and we can catch up over lunch or something.
:CainSB: Your brother is currently seeing your father, sir, and I believe they plan on dining together for lunch. Either you can go see them right away, as I think they are currently only busy playing with the new toys your brother brought with him from across the sea, or I can make sure they save you a seat for lunch, if you want that.
>See if either the priest of Ifocen or the priest of Gaisia responded to your letters.
:CainSB: Actually, a priest arrived earlier today who are willing to talk to you, if you so wish.
:KronosSB: Really? A fire priest or earth one?
:CainSB: She didn’t say, sir. Though she did say that she had other business to attend here, so if you wish to speak to her, you have to do so before dinner time.
>Other things we should do in no particular order is check in with our personal cooks and see if they can't help us come up with an idea for what we should have them make for Briannah.
:CainSB: If you wish, I can make sure the food part of the dinner comes out perfect, sir. All I need to know is her prefreces. You know, what she likes for starter, main course, dessert, to drink and if she want something sweet for afterwards… of course, I do believe you’re playing the part of the last thing I said, but still…
>Find a nice sheath for that sword.
:CainSB: If you want, I can make sure a master crafted sheath is delivered to your room. That is, unless you want to personally visit the royal craftsman and choose one yourself.

>meet up with your gardening buddy and ask him to keep an eye on the crypt for you while they clean it.
That shouldn’t be hard, as it’s your gardening buddy who’s been tasked at cleaning out the crypt in the first place.
>and we can try the prayer book again latter tonight.
You definitely need to try it again, when you have time.
Hmm…. Seems like you have a full day today again… what’s first?
>>
No. 667766 ID: e114bc

>>667749
Pick out a sheath. Read more of those books you set aside. Investigate that group you heard about that was based off of your mother's book.
>>
No. 667769 ID: 56b238

Mhh, I say go pick a sheath, go see your brother (if it leads to it stay there for lunch) and then head for the totally not mysterious priest.
>>
No. 667856 ID: 9ddf68

Well we do have a busy day today so I think it would be best to see your brother over lunch to give us the rest of the morning to get some things out of the way. We should probably get the sheath ourselves since it is a wedding gift of sorts so better we actually give it a bit of a personal touch. We can see the priest after we grab the sheath and stash it for the diner later tonight.

Speaking of the dinner, Let Cain know that Briannah seems to like meat roasted over and open fire, I think she mentioned calf or something, and that she is not a big fan about salads. She also said she did find Vark cuisine delicious because she isn't to use to fancy foods so maybe we can figure something out for dessert with that. Not sure what since I can't cook worth a damn but just make sure it's something that it's something that she can eat as well. Oh and see said that she likes her meat really rare, like still almost bleeding rare. Not to sure on wine and after last night somewhat tempted to try something else in it's place.

And depending on how much the meeting with the priest takes if we're still have time before lunch we should find your gardening buddy and ask him about do us that favor or if not we can just do it after lunch and before we meet back up with Briannah to help her find that thing. After that we can see how much time is left in the day and find Tim and set up the prayer ritual.
>>
No. 668213 ID: c43722

Keras brought some new goodies from the Serpens? It would be rather interesting to see what they've cooked up now, and it'd be nice to have some family time with both your father and brother playing with them. The royal craftsmen aren't going anywhere, so picking out a scabbard can wait. Go meet with your brother and father now.

After your meeting with Keras and your father, go pick out a scabbard for Briannah's sword. However, keep in mind that her family's heirloom sword very likely has a matching family heirloom scabbard she also brought with her. This means the scabbard you pick out will probably end up being just for presenting the sword to her. Something fancy in a Risavian style but not ostentatious like your formal royal outfit. Oh, and don't forget to get the sword's dimensions.

Meet with the lady priest after picking out a scabbard, but be wary what you say to her; She might be the "inverted hirophant" from your fortune reading. For all you know that means she's connected to the Illasian church and will report what you say. If it's close enough to lunch have a lunch meeting with her.

Take lunch out in the garden. One reason for this is so you can speak with Whispers of Growth and ask it to check out the crypt for anything suspicious for you. Another reason to have lunch there is you, Cain and Tim were planning to try praying to Gaisia out there to see if it gets the Garden's attention, so maybe all three of you could have lunch together there first. Tim said he was going to be busy until right after lunch, so that's the earliest you can do the prayers to the elemental gods. You should do those ASAP so you might get a better idea of what the heck is going on with Illasia and also before praying to Xuv so you can report anything you discover to her.

After that, meet up with Briannah and head to the palace storehouse to retrieve whatever war trophy her father's remains was made into. This'll also give you an opportunity to probe her for what kind of food and drink she likes so you can pass the info along to Cain for the romantic dinner. Then the both of you go meet Belseth to introduce yourself to him. You're bringing Briannah along so you don't have to face someone who's likely a raging asshole zealot alone.

Pray to Xuv at some point before your dinner with Briannah since you don't know how much time her surprise afterwards will take or if it's the kind that'll leave you so exhausted you fall asleep. That way you can tell Xuv anything that may have happened with Belseth as well as what you found out from praying to the elemental gods. Oh, and Xuv might have a way for you to find out exactly what Briannah would like in a romantic dinner.

Regarding the dinner with Briannah, tell Cain you'd like it to be located on the highest balcony in the palace that has the best view at dinnertime this time of year. For flowers Bri mentioned that she likes lavender, so get bouquets that incorporate that. You'd also like music during the dinner. Can we get a good bard on short notice? You're thinking before the dinner they'll sing a slightly sad song of lost love of the kind Briannah likes, followed by one of love found, then during the dinner they'll play in the background; Might need a screen to hide them so you and Bri don't feel so much like we're being watched. Oh, and can you get a outfit nicer than your day-to-day one tailored in time for dinner; Something fancier that fits a dinner like this but not as ostentatious as your formal royal outfit. But even if it's not possible to do in time for tonight you'd still like it done anyway for later on.

As for the food and drink at the dinner you don't have specifics right now. You do know from asking what foods she most and least likes that her tastes lean decidedly carnivorous. She dislikes foods that are only veggies like salads, while she likes foods like a whole calf grilled over a open fire, but grilled only long enough that it's still real bloody when served. She also said she likes the fancier food she gets here compared to the simple fare she got as a bastard back. And for drink, you only know she drinks wine but you don't know if that's just 'cause it was what was offered. So right now you think the best option is if Cain gets a book on Empire cuisine and him and your chefs build a menu around both what a daughter of the Empress would get and what you've told him. That'll be the fall back option if you can't find out anything more.

You'll need to find out more about Briannah's tastes for dinner, and you might be able to get it from those who've known her awhile. But is there anybody in the palace who does know her that well? Perhaps there is among those who came here with her. You should approach one of them and ask if they know who here knows Briannah the best. Or perhaps leave a note for Doxan asking him that, explaining it's for arranging a romantic dinner for her.

Give Cain the book of prayers and the translation notes that aren't completed so he can finish working on the translation before you, him and Tim meet up. Also ask if he could trace a copy of each prayer's ritual circle and for each one write down the deity's name and their sacrifice, then get them to you. That should be the basics you'd need to pray to each deity in case the book is lost.

Ask Cain if he's heard if the interrogators got anything out of those two would-be assassins from the day before yesterday; You kinda forgot to ask about them yesterday. If he hasn't heard anything then you'll have to remember to ask your father about it.
>>
No. 668334 ID: 65a774
File 144173440233.png - (15.51KB , 686x526 , 32.png )
668334

>Investigate that group you heard about that was based off of your mother's book.
How are you supposed to do that? You can’t just go around and ask about secret societies, now can you?
>When you’re going to meet Belseth, bring Briannah. You're bringing Briannah along so you don't have to face someone who's likely a raging asshole zealot alone.
Seeing as they are half siblings, that might be prudent, yes.
>Pray to Xuv at some point before your dinner with Briannah since you don't know how much time her surprise afterwards will take or if it's the kind that'll leave you so exhausted you fall asleep.
… … …why do you get a feeling that this day will end after the dinner?

>Tell Cain you'd like it to be located on the highest balcony in the palace that has the best view at dinnertime this time of year.
:CainSB: I’ll see if I can find a suitable location, sir.
>For flowers Bri mentioned that she likes lavender, so get bouquets that incorporate that.
:CainSB: I’ll make sure that she’ll get a lovely bouquet.
>You'd also like music during the dinner. Can we get a good bard on short notice?
:CainSB: I might get some musicians for you, sir.
>You're thinking before the dinner they'll sing a slightly sad song of lost love of the kind Briannah likes, followed by one of love found, then during the dinner they'll play in the background; Might need a screen to hide them so you and Bri don't feel so much like we're being watched.
:CainSB: That might be a bit harder the achieve on such a short notice, sir, so I won’t make any promises.
>Oh, and can you get an outfit nicer than your day-to-day one tailored in time for dinner.
:CainSB: I regret to tell you, sir, but it seems that time is apparently a very finite recourse, even for someone of your… stature.
:KronosSB: So that’s a no?
:CainSB: Indeed, sir.

>Let Cain know that Briannah seems to like meat roasted over and open fire, I think she mentioned calf or something, and the she likes it rare.
:CainSB: Bloody meat… of course, sir.
>She also said she did find Vark cuisine delicious because she isn't to use to fancy foods so maybe we can figure something out for dessert with that.
:CainSB: Made by or of, sir?
:KronosSB: …what do you mean?
:CainSB: Never mind, sir. Do not worry, I will make sure the meal is something befitting a queen.
>Ask Cain if he's heard if the interrogators got anything out of those two would-be assassins from the day before yesterday.
:CainSB: So far, it seems they were working alone, sir. Just two disgruntled workers who don’t want Sakkilian neighbors.
:KronosSB: Wait, then why did they attack me?
:CainSB: They had stolen a knife from one of the Sakkilian soldiers and where planning to use it to frame them for the murder.
:KronosSB: Hmmm, really?
>Give Cain the book of prayers and the translation notes that aren't completed so he can finish working on the translation before you, him and Tim meet up.
:CainSB: I’ll see if I can spare the time for your more… interesting hobbies, sir.


>We should probably get the sheath ourselves since it is a wedding gift of sort.
You have to agree. This is supposed to be a personal present, after all. If you had told Cain to get it, he would probably just have chosen the most extravagant and flamboyant sheath he should find.
>Something fancy in a Risavian style but not ostentatious like your formal royal outfit. Oh, and don't forget to get the sword's dimensions.
While there weren’t many sheaths to choose from that should easily be made to fit her sword, you manage to find one that looked classy but not to showy. It fits with the rest of the sword, if you have to say it yourself.

>Go meet with your brother and father now.
:heliosSB: Ah! Kronos! Come here, my boy, you have to see this!
:KronosSB: See what?
:HeliosSB: Look at this! Isn’t it amazing!
:KronosSB: It’s a… weird metal box with a slit?
:HeliosSB: It’s a… let’s see… what did he call it? Transportable Oven-Amalgamating-Scorcher toaster, I think?
:KronosSB: …I’m pretty sure none of that made any sense, father…
:HeliosSB: Either way, it’s magnificent! See, I just take this piece of bread, put it inside and push this button and…
:KronosSB: … …and?
:HeliosSB: Why, the most marvelous thing happens! See, it cooks the break just perfectly, giving you a perfectly toasted piece of bread!
:KronosSB: That’s… err… great poppa…
:HeliosSB: Oh, I do love the taste of cooked bread!
>>
No. 668335 ID: 65a774
File 144173449244.png - (36.99KB , 686x526 , 33.png )
668335

:KarasSB: Tiny brother!
:KronosSB: VARK!
:KarasSB: Why it’s so good to see you again!
:KronosSB: C-can’t… b-b…breathe…
:KarasSB: Ah, and I’m sad to hear the bad news.
:KronosSB: …err… bad news?
:KarasSB: Why, about this farce to a wedding, of course! I understand that having to be forced into wedlock with one of those… things, must be hard. But don’t you worry, bro, because I got your back. If that beast ever shows its true colors, I’ll be sure to help you put that disgusting lizard down, you hear?
:KronosSB:

…oh, yeah, you forgot. Your brother is a bit of a specieist concerning the Sakkilians…
>>
No. 668336 ID: 9c86f0

Toast along with some cooked eggs are nice. I prefer my eggs scrambled.
>>
No. 668339 ID: e114bc

>>668335
Be honest with him. Tell him that was your reaction at first, too... but now that you've gotten past your fear and anger, you're growing rather fond of her. If you ever have reason to hate her again, you'll seek out his help, BUT NOT BEFORE. The alliance requires the marriage to go through regardless so it would be nonlethal, whatever he does.
>>
No. 668346 ID: 9ddf68

right well let's just try not to bring up your wife to be during this get together then. Ask how you're brother is doing and what brings him back to the castle and I guess what he's been up to since the last time the two of you met.
>>
No. 668347 ID: f5e6f2

>C-can’t… b-b…breathe…
We have got to work on getting you to embrace with some degree of dignity.

> Your brother is a bit of a specieist concerning the Sakkilians…
You're talking like he doesn't have reason not to. Tell him thanks, but you think you've got this one covered. How was his trip?
>>
No. 668379 ID: 1cebc8

>>668334
At some point of their middle age, parents become obsessed with simple mechanics that seem magical to their old minds, to the point that they spend fortunes on stupid novelty toys.

Which is when the kids have to yell at them to prevent the loss of their allowance or it becomes the biggest threat to the bratty upper class.

>>668335
SO WERE YOU, IDIOT.

Twirl your brother's moustache and ask him if he has found any good consorts for you. You don't want a noble anymore, just an exceptionally skilled (and busty) mercenary.

Because for all her gumption, Briannah's a caring sort past the constant hunger for VARK FLESH. You're serious.
>>
No. 668416 ID: ea0ad9

>If that beast ever shows its true colors, I’ll be sure to help you put that disgusting lizard down, you hear?
"Brother, I'm marrying a Sakkilian, not a lizard." Remember, diplomacy.
>>
No. 668476 ID: 3fe337

"Actually, the more of her colors I see, the less terrifying the marriage becomes."
>>
No. 668636 ID: 65a774
File 144181846384.png - (45.51KB , 686x526 , 34.png )
668636

>SO WERE YOU, IDIOT.
And you still are, when you start thinking about it. You’re having a hard time not thinking about them as… lesser people, most of the time.
>You're talking like he doesn't have reason not to.
It’s understandable that he would dislike them, yes, but he’s always been the one who was the most open about it.


>Brother, I'm marrying a Sakkilian, not a lizard. Remember, diplomacy.
:KarasSB: Ah, yes, of course… but there’s no need to be like that here, there aren’t any lizards around to overhear, is there?
>Actually, the more of her colors I see, the less terrifying the marriage becomes.
:KarasSB: Hah, so little brother is suffering… what was it called? Logisle syndrome?
:KronoSB: The what syndrome?
:KarasSB: It’s named after some city in the western northlands. It’s when someone who has been kidnapped start feeling sympathy for the kidnapper.
:KronosSB: Uh huh…
>Briannah's a caring sort past the constant hunger for VARK FLESH.
:KarasSB: That is a problem, isn’t it? I mean, having them just walk around unsupervised is just begging for something to happen. No children have gone missing yet, I hope? I think we’ll need t-
:HeliosSB: That’s enough, son. They are our allies, and thus we should show them some respect.
:KarasSB: …err… of course…

>Tell him thanks, but you think you've got this one covered.
:KarasSB: I’ll be here if you need me.
>The alliance requires the marriage to go through regardless.
:KarasSB: Of course, of course… but still… if she tries to eat you or something… maybe we can just replace her with another lizard? They do all look the same, after all… hmm…
:KronosSB: Err… yeah, no, how about you stop trying to help me, I think I got this…
:KarasSB: If you say so.
:HeliosSB: Now, kids, stop squabbling. It’s time for lunch!
:KronosSB: …let me guess… toasted bread?
:HeliosSB: Of course! And maybe some eggs? How do you want them?


>Toast along with some cooked eggs is nice. I prefer my eggs scrambled.
You’re pleasantly surprised by this new magical gizmo your brother brought with him. These cooked breads are quite tasty and easy to make.
>Ask how you're brother is doing and what brings him back to the castle and I guess what he's been up to since the last time the two of you met.
:KarasSB: Why, I’ve been on quite the business trip this year. Sailed my merchant fleet all around the Serene sea, making a lot of gold for our coffers and brining many exotic goods for our people. In fact, I’ve brought with me many new things the Serpens of Sheije isles has created, which I hope we can learn to duplicate, including the bread cooker. Now, what have you been up to, little brother?
:KronosSB: Well, err…
:KarasSB: Oh, and you haven’t been at odds with the church, have you?
:KronosSB: Huh? Why do you ask?
:KarasSB: I overheard the Arch-bishop speaking to a lizard priest about you… something about keeping an eye on you for some reason? Oh, and this was this pretty lady priest who was looking for you too… hmmm… but I have to ask, a lizard priest? Is it really prudent to give such a role to a unmoral be-
:HeliosSB: Enough, Karas. Hmm… this doesn’t happen do have anything to do with the crypt, does it?
:KarasSB: Crypt? What have you been up to, Kronos?
:KronosSB: Um…
:KarasSB: Oh, and look at the time! I’ll need to go in just a few minutes…
>>
No. 668639 ID: 1cebc8

Looks like your Notoriety in the Illasia faction is growing faster than any of us would like. Try to find said priestess, maybe she can help.

Right now, you have an issue with the defensive campaign. Ask your brother if he can do something about that; your front-lines are underequipped and outnumbered, but at least you can hire all the Sakkilian conscripts you need. If your brother can help with that, now's the time.
>>
No. 668647 ID: 9ddf68

>lizard priest
tell them it sounds like Briannah's brother. From what you heard from her he decided almost out of nowhere to be a follower of Illasia with an almost a zealot like commitment but seems to ignore the other 4 gods completely and I believe Briannah also said he likes to rant about some dark demon that needs to be slain. Not exactly sure just how much she may have been exaggerating but that's what you've heard. As for why he might be looking at you well, Briannah does say you look an awfully lot like Krotos and even before Krotos pretty much wiped out all of the Sakkilian military command her brother seemed to have a vendetta against him. Or at least that's the only reason you can think of off the top of my head of why he's keeping an eye on you. Haven't really met him yet so say you'll try to make time some other day and see if you can't get that straightened out. But if your brother would keep an ear to the ground for you about what they're doing you'd be thankful. Probably a bit paranoid but I've been apart of enough assassination attempts already without the church joining in.

As for the other priest looking for you say you believe that to be the one you invited to the castle. As for why, well Tim is doing a side project that you are helping out with a little to try and help take your mind off some of the things that has happened recently and you're probably going to see her after this get together. Could Karas tell you where you could find her and if he knows whether she is a priest of Ifocen or a priest of Gaisia.

anyways it was good seeing you again brother, and I appreciate you trying to help me. If you need a hand with something while you're here feel free to ask me and I'll see how I can help. And Father please do try to go easy with your new toy. Last thing I want to see is you to brake it so soon after getting it.
>>
No. 668671 ID: e114bc

>>668636
Hang on. Pretty lady priest? Possible match-making target for the Dragon. However, I think it would be more important to speak to her about what's been going on with you. Something is threatening you and your wife. Giving you visions, it's almost like they're trying to frame Illasia for it. Personally I'm worried that if you try to contact Illasia the prayer might be intercepted. You should ask the priest if there's any way to know for sure that you're speaking to a god(ess) and not an impostor. That could be useful info when praying to other gods as well...

Tell your brother you went exploring in the crypt and got a case of deadly spore toxins.
>>
No. 668827 ID: 65a774
File 144190447523.png - (35.18KB , 686x526 , 35.png )
668827

>Looks like your Notoriety in the Illasia faction is growing faster than any of us would like.
This is getting a bit bad. Who knows what they’ll do if they actually know that you’ve been praying too… actually, what can they do? It isn’t against the law to not believe in the five, is it?
>Right now, you have an issue with the defensive campaign. Ask your brother if he can do something about that.
Not only aren’t you the one who’s in charge of that particular part of the nation, you’re pretty sure the gold and tools your brother brought with him will be used for the safety of the kingdom with or without your input on the matter.
>Hang on. Pretty lady priest? Possible match-making target for the Dragon.
Let’s at least talk to both of them before we start shipping them with each other.
>You should ask the priest if there's any way to know for sure that you're speaking to a god(ess) and not an impostor.
Hmm… and if there isn’t?


>Tell your brother you went exploring in the crypt and got a case of deadly spore toxins.
:KarasSB: Heh, that does sound like something you would do, brother.
>Tell them it sounds like Briannah's brother.
:HeliosSB: She has a brother?
:KronosSB: Well, half-brother.
:HeliosSB: Ah, yes, one of the empresses sons. Indeed, that has to be him. I’m supposed to have a private meeting with him later today, after all.
>As for why he might be looking at you, Briannah does say you look an awfully lot like Krotos.
:HeliosSB: But that hatchet has since long been buried. No, it’s probably because of the alliance, if you ask me. They are probably just worried about your safety, son.
>But if your brother would keep an ear to the ground for you about what they're doing you'd be thankful.
:KarasSB: But of course.
>Could Karas tell you where you could find her and if he knows whether she is a priest of Ifocen or a priest of Gaisia.
:KarasSB: I don’t rightly know, sadly. Never bothered to ask, really.
>Anyways it was good seeing you again brother, and I appreciate you trying to help me. If you need a hand with something while you're here feel free to ask me and I'll see how I can help.
:KarasSB: Oh, don’t you worry about me. I’m sure you have other things to handle right now.
>And Father, please do try to go easy with your new toy. Last thing I want to see is you to break it so soon after getting it.
:KarasSB: Don’t worry, I brought a lot of them with me. That way our craftsmen have something to experiment on.
:KronosSB: Right, either way, thank you for the lunch, father, it was delicious.
:KarasSB: Indeed, quite the meal.
:KronosSB: Now, if you two will excuse me…


>Try to find said priestess, maybe she can help.
You find her sitting in a secular part of the garden, a serene location surrounded by a quietness that is nearly deafening. She haven’t notice you yet, as she seems preoccupied with a book she is reading. You might want to consider how to approach her and what to ask her, before letting yourself be known.
>>
No. 668828 ID: ea0ad9

Looks like a flame emblem. She's probably the priestess of Ifocen.
>>
No. 668829 ID: 1cebc8

>>668827
Tell your father to BRING EXTRA GUARDS. Actually, set up a few turrets and bring a shield. Nothing like a little force to earn the respect of the high and mighty, right

(And of course he's the first weak link that Illasia's squad has access to. If they break all pretense just to get your father hostage JUST to goad you into surrendering, Xuv is fucked and everyone in the secret world KNOWS it.)

Oh hey look a book start your introductions by staring vehemently at the pages rather than her tits.
>>
No. 668831 ID: e114bc

>>668827
Something like "Hello, I heard you were looking for me?" Then introduce yourself. Maybe ask what book she's reading, if there's a lull in the conversation.

You should bring up the topic of praying to gods outside the five. (Xuv formerly being of the six shouldn't matter, should it?) Would it get you in trouble with the church of Illasia? It's not like you're gonna worship them, you just want to talk to them. Also, what do prayers even mean for the gods? Does a prayer give a god power?

Eventually you'll want to bring up the subject of gods or other entities(really old elementals perhaps) intercepting prayers.
>>
No. 668842 ID: 9ddf68

walk up to her and say something like "excuse me but you wouldn't happen to be the priestess responding to my letter would you?"

She looks like a follower of the sun god if her book is anything to go by. Oh and don't forget to introduce yourself if she is the Vark you're looking for.
>>
No. 668861 ID: 65a774
File 144191635920.png - (29.55KB , 686x526 , 36.png )
668861

>Tell your father to BRING EXTRA GUARDS.
A bit late for that… but you should tell him to be careful next time you see him.
>Oh hey look a book start your introductions by staring vehemently at the pages rather than her tits.
You’re pretty sure you have enough self-control to not stare… especially consider those things are hidden under a rather loose robe.
>Looks like a flame emblem. She's probably the priestess of Ifocen.
Well, that sounds plausible…

>Something like "Hello, I heard you were looking for me?"
:NonSB: Ah, my prince! I do believe you sent for me?
:KronosSB: …yes, so… um… you’re a priest of Ifocen?
:NonSB: I’m a priest of the five, my lord.
:KronosSB: Of course…
:NonSB: Now, how can I be of service, your highness?
>You should bring up the topic of praying to gods outside the five.
:NonSB: You wish to convert to another religion?
:KronosSB: Well, no…
:NonSB: As of a generation back, this kingdom is a religious free one, exalted one, and thus it is not our business to who you pray to anymore.

>Also, what do prayers even mean for the gods? Does a prayer give a god power?
:NonSB: Of course not. The five all already as powerful as they’ll ever be, why would they need more power?
:KronosSB: …and other gods?
:NonSB: …I’m sure any other god, if they exist, are in the same seat as the five, my lord. The world may change, but the gods will always stay the same, as they say.
>Maybe ask what book she's reading, if there's a lull in the conversation.
:NonSB: This? It’s… magical theory, my lord. About the power of the soul. It’s just a bit of a side hobby I have, nothing more.
>Eventually you'll want to bring up the subject of gods or other entities(really old elementals perhaps) intercepting prayers.
:NonSB: The only ones who would feasible have that power would be one of the five, who would have no feasible reason to do so, no? Now, is it anything else I can aid you with, my prince?
:KronosSB: Well… um…
>>
No. 668862 ID: 1cebc8

You have a choice to make, and one not to be made lightly: gradually reveal the truth and risk losing her favor, or blow her mind and risk unrepairable mental damage?

It's obvious that this girl could assist you in spiritual matters, as your current retinue is scientific in nature. How you recruit her (if you choose to trust that she won't side with Illasia) is up to you, but the recommended course of action is to start by preventing her from obliviously sending Illasia classified information via channels that she doesn't realize are real.

*Private*
We're going to need opinions on this.
*/Private*
>>
No. 668864 ID: c0e790

'cause I prayed to ifocen and heard something about how something was my fault and inescapable wrath and such before I started bleeding out my face. I'm pretty sure that's not supposed to happen.
>>
No. 668865 ID: 9ddf68

well one of the things we wanted to check out was how the religion of the 5 changed over the years. Things like have any practices done in the days of old having changed with the times, why is it that it seems like Illasia seems to embody more and more of the other gods' traits with each generation. Like how the goddess of earth use to be credited with fate but nowadays Illasia is considered to hold dominion over fate. I guess in short you'd like to hear the history of the 5. If she ask why say it's somewhat of a side hobby you picked up and if she ask why you sent for her and not one of the priest here at Illasia's temple say that as of late they are rather busy with one of the Sakkilian empress's children joining the church. That and you may have upset some of the local priesthood by not paying attention to where you were going and ended up somewhere where you probably shouldn't have been and figured it might be best to let some heads cool before approaching them again.
>>
No. 668876 ID: e114bc

>>668861
Ask if she's ever spoken to Ifocen directly. Tell her about your experience attempting to do so.

Also maybe tell her about the horrible visions you've been having. Is there any way to know if one of the gods is really angry at you?
>>
No. 669022 ID: c43722

She looks rather different than the Varks around here, doesn't she? Bigger eyes and beak, and she doesn't have the pair of "ear" feather tufts you have. Where would you guess she hails from originally?

Ask her to describe in general the prayer rituals for each of the Five, what sacrifices each takes, if any, and if she could recommend a book on them and their history. Like, how have they changed over the centuries. You're looking to see how much the rituals used now differ from the ones in the ancient book of prayers you have. Perhaps some or all of them have changed to the point they no longer work. You'll have to bring them to Tim to compare.

Ask her how often do the Five speak to their followers, either responding to prayers, giving visions or otherwise. Tell her that you know of the visions Belseth supposedly got from Illasia that led to saving the Empress from assassination. You're guessing that the church accepted it and it played a large part in him being made a high priest. So that's one you know of, but what others are there, past and present that are verified to be actual deities talking to the person and not mental illness or them faking it? And how can such a thing even be verified anyway?

Ask when was the last time the Five directly intervened in the world in a way we could be sure it was them and there is clear record of it.

>As of a generation back, this kingdom is a religious free one, exalted one, and thus it is not our business to who you pray to anymore.
What was the impetus for this change in the law, anyway? And how well does it work in practice? You can't remember seeing or hearing of people practicing other religions in Risavia.

>I’m a priest of the five, my lord.
So are there no dedicated priests to the elemental gods now? Or is it that they're busy and she was sent in their stead? Are there more general priests of the Five than dedicated ones now?

>This? It’s… magical theory, my lord. About the power of the soul. It’s just a bit of a side hobby I have, nothing more.
Comment to her that you find it not that surprising that a priest would be interested in the soul, but a bit more so that she'd look to magical theory for her answers and not religious teachings and such. But thinking on it, perhaps there's a magical way to protect your soul from divine meddling, so query her a bit more on this. Ask her to tell you a bit more about on the theory of the power of the soul. And would she also let you have a glance over her book on the subject. At least get the title so you can borrow a copy of it from the library later.

>The only ones who would feasible have that power would be one of the five, who would have no feasible reason to do so, no?
You really hope this isn't true, 'cause if it is then Illasia could possibly intercept any of your prayers to the four elemental gods. Then she could insert her own falsified visions for you of what happened. Or she could step in for a chat with you. Or... Something more; You don't know what. But now you can't trust as much that what you hear or see from praying to the elemental gods is accurate.

If true, it also means that Illasia could have impersonated each of the four elemental gods since putting them to "sleep," meaning their followers are actually hers without them even knowing.
>>
No. 669044 ID: 65a774
File 144200031640.png - (33.19KB , 686x526 , 37.png )
669044

>She looks rather different than the Varks around here, doesn't she? Where would you guess she hails from originally?
She looks like someone who came from the far south, even as far south as the sweeping seas of sand. You’ll have to guess that she was probably born here and that her family migrated here sometime in the past.
>It's obvious that this girl could assist you in spiritual matters, as your current retinue is scientific in nature. How you recruit her is up to you.
But should you really tell her what’s going on? Is she even trustworthy? You just met her, after all.

>I guess in short you'd like to hear the history of the 5.
:NonSB: In the beginning, there was nothing bu-
:KronosSB: I didn’t mean that kind of history.
:NonSB: Oh…
>Well one of the things we wanted to check out was how the religion of the 5 changed over the years.
:NonSB: Ah, well… it’s… um… our understanding of the gods changes over time, doesn’t it? As our society grows, so grows our knowledge and thus our ability of comprehending their will.
:KronosSB: I wanted to know about actual changes.
:NonSB: Well… um…
>Why is it that it seems like Illasia seems to embody more and more of the other gods' traits with each generation?
:NonSB: Because she has always done those things, we simply misunderstood the gods and their action at first.
>Ask her to describe in general the prayer rituals for each of the Five.
:NonSB: Just clasp your hands together and say your prayer to them. It’s not harder than that.
:KronosSB: So… no sacrifices or anything?
:NonSB: Of course not. We’re not some primate heathen religion.
:KronosSB: And in the past?
:NonSB: I’m sure the prayers were the same back then as well.
>What was the impetus for this change in the law, anyway? And how well does it work in practice?
:NonSB: The Arch-bishop herself requested the rule to be changed. I don’t know the exact details, but it should help the gods influence to spread as well be good for things like the economy. The change is still rather new, so most people still pray to the five.
>So are there no dedicated priests to the elemental gods now? Or is it that they're busy and she was sent in their stead?
:NonSB: Oh, when we climb in the ranks we might choose a god to follow more closely, but I’m still just a rather new priest, thus I spread the word of all five.

>Ask her to tell you a bit more about on the theory of the power of the soul.
:NonSB: Did you know that magic uses the power of the soul? That healing wound and blessing someone with strength uses a part of your soul as power?
:KronoSB: Wait… so every time you use magic you-
:NonSB: Oh, no, it’s not like that. As long as the soul is whole, it will regain its strength. It’s just… I’ve been thinking… is the gods all powerful because they guide our souls to the afterlife? It’s an interesting theory, isn’t it? You have to wonder if there is a way to use this knowledge for the good our fair kingdom…
>And would she also let you have a glance over her book on the subject. At least get the title so you can borrow a copy of it from the library later.
:NonSB: Oh, I rather not loose were I’m currently at… but it’s called “Magic of Souls”, if you’re wondering.
>Ask her how often do the Five speak to their followers, either responding to prayers, giving visions or otherwise.
:NonSB: The five is always listening… and they answer it their own ways. It might not be clear for a mortal like you or I, but they do work in mysterious ways.
>Tell her that you know of the visions Belseth supposedly got from Illasia that led to saving the Empress from assassination. You're guessing that the church accepted it and it played a large part in him being made a high priest.
:NonSB: Indeed. It is not unheard of that the gods sends us visions to achieve their will… but it’s a rather rare occurrence that they would send it to one outside our people.

>Ask when was the last time the Five directly intervened in the world in a way we could be sure it was them and there is clear record of it.
:NonSB: How can a simple mortal ever hope to understand and comprehend the actions of a god? Maybe they are here with us right now? Or maybe they’ve never set foot on the world we live in? Who knows?
>Ask if she's ever spoken to Ifocen directly.
:NonSB: I have prayed to him many times…
:KronosSB: But has he answered?
:NonSB: He has sent me many signs that he i-
:KronosSB: I mean, with words… directly spoken to you?
:NonSB: O-of course not. I’m just a lonely priest, nothing more.
>Tell her about your experience attempting to do so.
:NonSB: What? Are you sure? Maybe you were just tired and saw… wait, I heard you were in an accident, correct? In the crypt?
:KronosSB: Correct…
:NonSB: It was probably that, then. Sometimes, when we hope too much, we simply see what we wish to see instead of the truth.
>Also maybe tell her about the horrible visions you've been having. Is there any way to know if one of the gods is really angry at you?
:NonSB: If the gods truly were so angry with you that they would consider interacting with you directly, I wouldn’t believe they would stop at simple visions. No, I believe you’ve simply had a very stressed life recently… coupled with the accident in the crypt and it’s fully possible that your mind is simply playing tricks with you, no?
:KronosSB: … …I guess?
>>
No. 669045 ID: 1cebc8

>>669044
This girl is VERY open-minded for a priestess. Exploit this. Use everything you've learned so far to develop a step-by-step deprogramming, bring both doubt and interest into her big mind. She's on the verge of realization: religion isn't one absolute set of orders commanded by an absolute set of gods; it's made of the people who participate and the actions that they perform individually and collectively. She has a free imagination and a malleable faith, you cannot waste this.

If she's not a spy for Illasia, I'd say you've found your squad cleric. Request her residence at the palace (on the pretense that you needed a consort for kids and she was the best girl yet), introduce her to Briannah (one long slurp, no biting), and over the course of a week prepare the ritual according to her personal preferences and stuff.
>>
No. 669048 ID: e114bc

>>669044
Hmm. Since she's a new priestess she's unlikely to be under Illasia's sway. Actually I'm wondering if Illasia is even a problem. It could be that Xuv was banished for a good reason, and the other elemental gods chose to sleep on purpose, maybe even to power up Illasia by allowing her to take over the religion in general. It could be that someone high up in the church is the real problem, not Illasia.

Ask her name. Then tell her you want to show her the ritual you used to contact Ifocen. Let her do the chanting so that she's the one that "leads" the prayer. Don't let her see the book in the process and we should be fine. Just tell her that a really old elemental told you that prayers used to be different, and showed you this one.
>>
No. 669055 ID: 3663d3

>>669048
i like that second part.
and while keeping an open mind is one thing we also need to always keep in mind the counterpoint. xuv said if we slept together with our wife the nightmares wouldn't happen, and they didn't. so ether this is an incredibly long con or xuv is telling the truth.
>>
No. 669056 ID: 9ddf68

Tell her you weren't really hopeful you where just wondering and wanted a professionals opinion on it. Tell her she's probably right since she does know a lot more about this then you given her profession and all. Thank her for helping you clear the air and ask for her name. Ask if she's planning on staying and if so help her find a room for her stay. If she ask why say you feel bad for calling her all the way up to the castle for such a short conversation that proved to be nothing of real importance and you feel bad to have dragged her all this way for nothing and that if she wants to use the library her she's more then free to help her with her studies and to come to you if she needs help getting some of the more restricted books... within reason of course. In return though ask that she not tell anyone about us thinking we heard gods as the local church is still upset about the crypt incident and they may not react will to the news of you running around claiming you heard the gods speaking to you. Oh and where did she hear about the crypt? I mean she only just arrived, where would she learn of that story so quickly?
>>
No. 669178 ID: 65a774
File 144208075256.png - (40.97KB , 686x526 , 38.png )
669178

>This girl is VERY open-minded for a priestess.
You have to say that you’re surprised, as you were expecting someone aged that was set in the old ways, not someone as young and willing to learn like this.
>Exploit this.
Exploit is such a dirty word…
>Since she's a new priestess she's unlikely to be under Illasia's sway.
Hmm… it feels like you lucked out of getting her in more ways than one.
>Request her residence at the palace (on the pretense that you needed a consort for kids and she was the best girl yet).
W-WHAT!? You’ve barely met her! There’s no way you’ll just ask someone the first time you meet them to bear your kids!

>Actually I'm wondering if Illasia is even a problem. It could be that Xuv was banished for a good reason.
Indeed, you’ve gone through that scenario several times in your head already. Still, you are in a dire need of information before you start completely siding with one side or the other.
>Xuv said if we slept together with our wife the nightmares wouldn't happen, and they didn't.
So, at least that part was true, then…


>Ask her name.
:NonSB: My name? Oh, that’s not important to someone like you, my Prince…
:KronosSB: But I want to know what to call you.
:NonSB: I’m just a humble priest, nothing more, sir.
:KronosSB: I insist.
:EleteSB: …very well, I’m Elete, at your service, my liege.
:KronosSB: Please, call me Kronos.
>Ask if she's planning on staying and if so help her find a room for her stay.
:EleteSB: Ah, no need to worry about that, my lo- err… Kronos, I already have room and board at the grand temple right next to the palace.
>if she wants to use the library her she's more than free to help her with her studies and to come to you if she needs help getting some of the more restricted books... within reason of course.
:EleteSB: I’ll… keep that in mind. Thank you, sir.
>In return though ask that she not tell anyone about us thinking we heard gods as the local church is still upset about the crypt incident.
:EleteSB: Oh, of course. This is just between the two of us.

>Oh and where did she hear about the crypt? I mean she only just arrived, where would she learn of that story so quickly?
:EleteSB: I… um… don’t rightly know, actually. I arrived with the Arch-bishop, so I probably heard it from someone reporting it to… well… someone, really…
>Then tell her you want to show her the ritual you used to contact Ifocen.
:EleteSB: Wait, ritual? What ritual?
>Just tell her that a really old elemental told you that prayers used to be different, and showed you this one.
:EleteSB: …y-you what? Are you sure it’s real? I mean… that’s a big find, isn’t it? Why, yes, I would love to see something like that! You… um… if it really is an old prayer, you have to show it to the church, alright? This should maybe be able to teach us something we’ve lost from the old empire, no?

>Don't let her see the book in the process and we should be fine.
Considering you don’t even have the book at the moment…
Now, should you show her the prayer right now and if so, who should you pray too? Either way, you need to get the notes on the prayers from your room before y-

:BriannahSB: Why, ‘ello there, ‘usband. Who is this cute, tasty little girl yah’re speaking with, hmmm?
:KronosSB: W-wait, Briannah!? Where- when- what?
>>
No. 669182 ID: e114bc

>>669178
You should probably spill the beans to Briannah, leaving out Xuv until later when you're in private. I think the only reason we hadn't told her before is that the conversation never went that way, and there was usually some other big thing to talk about.

Ask her if she wants to come witness the ritual.
>>
No. 669183 ID: 132dcf

...If you get surprised this easily, you could make people be paranoid about your actions.

This might be useful, Ask this priest about "death", as you heard many cultures and religions represent it differently, by example, Our new allies, consider that death is just a way to transfer one's knowledge and/or strength to someone else, and that way, "not really dying". (if possible avoid the part of cannibalism, she may be open minded, but I don't think we should test how open minded she is)
>>
No. 669192 ID: 350a50

Tell Briannah she's a priest, and you were asking her about the feinting spells and strange nightmares you've been having since the crypt incident.
>>
No. 669205 ID: 9ddf68

>Now, should you show her the prayer right now and if so, who should you pray too? Either way, you need to get the notes on the prayers from your room before y-
the only other god we got decrypted is the goddess of earth so it's probably logical to start there.

>Why, ‘ello there, ‘usband. Who is this cute, tasty little girl yah’re speaking with, hmmm?
Briannah, do you have to refer to everyone you meet the first time as a snack? It's almost like you're trying to scare or offend everyone you meet.

Anyways Briannah, this is Elete, a priestess sent by one of the temples of the 5 I asked for to ask about some of the things I've been experiencing since the crypt. Elete, this is my wife and daughter of the empress of the Zadian Empire.

If Briannah ask why you sent for a priest and not ask for one at the local temple tell her you're pretty sure they're still upset about the whole crypt thing but hey I heard her brother is now, so if she wants we can go up together and say hi.

> I… um… don’t rightly know, actually. I arrived with the Arch-bishop, so I probably heard it from someone reporting it to… well… someone, really…
Also this has me worried
>>
No. 669215 ID: e114bc

>>669205
>Also this has me worried
Yeah, you'd think she would remember something that happened just today.

...actually, now that Briannah is here... introduce her as your wife, and press her a bit further on how she found out about the crypt thing. She should be intimidated in your wife's presence, make it a bit harder for her to lie, if she's doing so.
>>
No. 669239 ID: 8cf20c

>Who is this cute, tasty little girl yah’re speaking with, hmmm?
Briannah, no calling people delicious. We talked about this. Anyway, Briannah, this is Elete, Priestess of the five; Elete, this is Briannah, my fiance.

And someone who, was it a Sakkilian?
>>
No. 669543 ID: 65a774
File 144224220452.png - (12.27KB , 686x526 , 39.png )
669543

>...If you get surprised this easily, you could make people be paranoid about your actions.
It’s just… she’s so big and loud, yet she managed to sneak up on you! I mean, how did she even know how to find you here?
>The only other god we got decrypted is the goddess of earth so it's probably logical to start there.
Yeah, that’s a given.

>Briannah, do you have to refer to everyone you meet the first time as a snack? We talked about this.
:BriannahSB: Snack? I didn’t mean it as a food thing…
>Briannah, this is Elete, Priestess of the five; Elete, this is Briannah, my fiance.
:EleteSB: Ah, yes, of course! I’ve heard about the wedding, yes… um… it’s an honor to meet you… err… princess?
:BriannahSB: Nice to meet yah too, Elete.
>Press her a bit further on how she found out about the crypt thing.
:EleteSB: Huh? I already told you, I can’t remember exactly. I’m pretty sure I overheard it yesterday but… can’t remember who it was who were talking…

>you were asking her about the feinting spells and strange nightmares you've been having since the crypt incident.
:BriannahSB: Really? I’ve ‘eard that yah suffered from nightmares long before the crypt accident.
:KronosSB: Well, yes, but… um…
:BriannahSB: And yah did sleep like a little lamb last night, eh?
>You should probably spill the beans to Briannah, leaving out Xuv until later when you're in private.
:BriannahSB: So… yah’ve had strange visions and now yah want to pray to some god?
:KronosSB: Err… yeah?
:BriannahSB: I’ve always found this belief of gods weird, if I ‘ave to say it myself…
>Ask this priest about "death", as you heard many cultures and religions represent it differently, by example, Our new allies, consider that death is just a way to transfer one's knowledge and/or strength to someone else, and that way, "not really dying".
:EleteSB: In death, Illasia judges our soul and leads it to where it belong, be it the emerald fields of the celestial heavens or the frozen prison of despair.

>Ask her if she wants to come witness the ritual.
:BriannahSB: …why not? If anything, it would be interesting.
:EleteSB: So… um… we’re actually going to try out one of those prayers?
:KronosSB: Well, I do believe I got the prayer to Gaisia ready, if you want to try?
:EleteSB: …right, I guess I have time to try it out? I mean… it would be interesting to see if it actually was an old prayer?
:KronosSB: Let’s do it, then…



As Elete is chanting the words of prayer, once again your mind if filled with a strange, inhuman voice which speaks in a tongue you shouldn’t understand.

We are here to judge you for your crimes, betrayer.
You petty excuses will not save you this time.
You keep blaming her, even after you betrayed her!
You know the consequences of what you’ve done.
We have judged you.
You are, henceforth, not one of us… you are nothing but a mortal, fated to die.
>>
No. 669544 ID: 65a774
File 144224221654.png - (30.76KB , 686x526 , 40.png )
669544

Then, intense visions clouds your eyes, as you witness a great warrior, clad in light and gold, confront six nightmarish creatures. One by one, the horrid beasts fall before the mighty sword of the warrior and one by one, they let go of the chains they used to enslave the world. Stepping over the carcasses of the slain beasts, the warrior ascends the stairs and sits on the throne of the heavens, become the one true god of all there is, and the people pray, laugh and cry out of happiness as the new god brings his blessing to the world. As the seas boil, the forests burn and the very earth is struck asunder, the people pray, laugh and thanks their lord for his wisdom. As famine, war and plagues ravage the lands, the people pray, laugh and give their very souls in gratitude to their lord. As the last man, surrounded by nothing but death and decay, falls weak from disease and famine, he pray, laugh and with his last breath, thanks the lord for his blessing... and the warrior can simply laugh seeing the barren world, created from his love for it… his love for the very people that has perish by his hand. The warrior simply laughed into the face of despair, as he once again raised the sword to slay the seventh and last beast.

:BriannahSB: Are you alright? Yah seem a bit… shocked, Kronos?
>>
No. 669545 ID: d1eb65

Check to make sure you're not bleeding out your face.

Well it looks like Xuv really did betray somebody and may be plotting the end of the world out of some twisted idea of love. I think we should ditch this new hobby and go back to marksmanship.
>>
No. 669555 ID: ea0ad9

>>669545
That's not Xuv, but it's not Illasia either. Whoever carries her name now is a Seventh god, the true betrayer. If they weren't Illasia, though, then perhaps the reason they failed to kill Xuv wasn't the opposing elements, but that they were turned into a mortal, meaning the other five might be trapped somewhere.
>>
No. 669556 ID: d1eb65

>>669555
It's a prophesy. That warrior/seventh god is the descendant of the dragon and the highborn, who kills all the gods. Xuv wants to mercy kill the world.
>>
No. 669559 ID: 1cebc8

Seventh Beast? If he's not talking about suicide, there may be a way to circumvent all this. Slay the core beast first and then inspire the masses to bum rush the remaining beasts.

Thematically speaking.

Realistically speaking, any faction - Xuv, Illasia, the South, the Chosen One - has the ability to end the world. You either need to play this smart or goad every faction into killing one another.

Given your lack of intel I'd suggest you play to kill everything.

Alright, get Elete's opinion. Let her take the vision on the next ritual.
>>
No. 669562 ID: 9ddf68

it looks kind of like a Sakkilian. Well make sure you're not bleeding again and we can work from there.
>>
No. 669563 ID: e114bc

>>669544
Wow, this is a prophecy of doom, foretelling that the Dragon's child will destroy the world. Question is, is it true...? Who is relaying the prophecy? Also... which god was cast down? If it was Xuv, why is she still alive? Or did she use necromancy on herself and become undead?

Check to see if you're bleeding again. Also, ask if anyone else saw or heard anything.
>>
No. 669566 ID: 350a50

>>669563
She did say Illasia did that to her, didn't she?
>>
No. 669753 ID: 65a774
File 144233311269.png - (27.85KB , 686x526 , 41.png )
669753

>Well it looks like Xuv really did betray somebody and may be plotting the end of the world out of some twisted idea of love.
>It's a prophesy. That warrior/seventh god is the descendant of the dragon and the highborn, who kills all the gods. Xuv wants to mercy kill the world.
>Also... which god was cast down? If it was Xuv, why is she still alive? Or did she use necromancy on herself and become undead?
You don’t know what to think. There are so many ways to interpret this vision of yours, yet it still feels like you’re missing some key information. Why do you keep getting new questions yet never any real answers?
>Check to make sure you're not bleeding out your face.
You’re not bleeding this time… but you do have a pounding headache.

>Also, ask if anyone else saw or heard anything.
:BriannahSB: …no?
:EleteSB: I didn’t hear a thing. Why do you ask?
>Alright, get Elete's opinion.
:EleteSB: You had another vision, eh? Hmm… I can’t tell if it just the stress getting to you or if… maybe it has something to do with this “prayer”? It’s clearly magical but… maybe it’s some kind of vision spell? Can’t say if it’s just some random gibberish or actually something that’s has happened but… hmm… you don’t happen to have the other prayers on you? I kind of want to look them over.
:KronosSB: Sorry, this is the only one that I got on me at the moment…
:BriannahSB: Either way, that vision of ye was rather ominous, eh? If it really is some kind of prophecy, then we need to act, yes?
:KronosSB: Well, I… don’t really know what to do even if it was true…
:BriannahSB: It does reminds me of one of the books I’m reading… though in that the chosen ‘eroine is someone a bit more combat capable compared to yah… still…
:KronosSB: Hmm… so many weird things has happened lately… I don’t really kno-


:BelsethSB: Ah, you there! Excuse me, priest, but have you seen the Arch-bishop anywhere, by chance?
:EleteSB: Errr…. I… um… I-I don’t think so?
:BelsethSB: Then sorry for wasting your time, prie- wait, Briannah?
:BriannahSB: …Belseth…

You can feel the venom between them, as Briannah and Belseth glare daggers at each other in silence.

:BelsethSB: That must mean you’re…
:KronosSB: I’m Prince Kronos, yes.
:BelsethSB: Why, it is an honor to meet you, prince Kronos. I am, as you just heard, Belseth, son of the empress and Briannah’s half-“brother”.
:KronosSB: Pleasure to meet you, Belseth.
:BelsethSB: Ah, I’ve been wishing to talk to you alone, but I guess that has to wait. So, before I waste anymore of your time, have you seen the Arch-bishop by any chance?
>>
No. 669757 ID: 1cebc8

Can you break his mind? See if asking him about Illasia causes a violent reaction of faith.
>>
No. 669759 ID: df2e32

I'm sorry I can't help you there. Elete, did he give any indication as to where he was going?

I take it some people are still sore over that clusterfuck your brother started.
>>
No. 669762 ID: 9ddf68

sorry but I haven't seen him at all lately. If I had to take a guess he'd be at the local temple.

Give him directions if he need them but yeah, only place I can think the arch-bishop would be is the temple unless there is some kind of event that needs his attention. Even if he isn't there one of the other priest should be able to point him in the right direction.
>>
No. 669771 ID: 350a50

>>669762
This.
>>
No. 669775 ID: e114bc

...I don't see why Belseth would be the Dragon. There's nothing about him that immediately strikes me as unique. Maybe it's just someone close to him.

Offer to go with him to find the Arch-Bishop. Along the way you can ask him what he considers to be heresy.
>>
No. 669783 ID: 65a774
File 144235925879.png - (57.07KB , 686x526 , 42.png )
669783

>Can you break his mind?
Unless you have suddenly gained psychic-powers, then no.
>I take it some people are still sore over that clusterfuck your brother started.
It seems that the consequences of his deeds are still surfacing even after all these years. He really did have a large effect on the world, didn’t he?
>...I don't see why Belseth would be the Dragon. There's nothing about him that immediately strikes me as unique.
Hmm… didn’t Xuv say you would recognize the dragon when you saw him?

>I'm sorry I can't help you there.
:BelsethSB: Well, thank you for your time either way, Kronos.
>Elete, did he give any indication as to where he was going?
:EleteSB: Huh? How should I know? I’m just an acolyte, not someone the Arch-bishop would speak to personally.
>If I had to take a guess he'd be at the grand temple.
:BelsethSB: Ah, yes, I believed so too, but alas he was absent from the church.
>Even if he isn't there one of the other priest should be able to point him in the right direction.
:BelsethSB: They did and they pointed me here… to the garden, I mean, not this particularly corner of it. They said he needed to meditate for a bit and ventured into the palace garden to do so. In fact, I thought it would be easy to find him here, but it seems that this place is bigger than I thought.

>Offer to go with him to find the Arch-Bishop.
:BelsethSB: Ah, um… I sadly have to decline your offer, Kronos, but… um… I have important matters to discuss with him which needs to be contained between the two of us, but still, thank you for offering.
>See if asking him about Illasia causes a violent reaction of faith.
Wait, why would asking about the god he believes in cause a violent reaction? Still…
:BelsethSB: Illasia? Why, I’m sure one of the lower ranked priest can tell you all about the grand goddess of all if yah- *cough* if you ask them. Sadly, while I would love discuss theology with you, I have other more important matters to attend.
>Ask him what he considers to be heresy.
:BelsethSB: That’s… err… an odd question? I guess spreading lies about the five? Why do you ask? Actually, can we discuss this later, I really need to leave. I hope you have time to meet me in private later, Kronos, maybe before dinner? Now, it has been a pleasure to meet… um… some of you, so goodbye for now and may Illasia watch over you.

As Belseth is about to leave, he stops himself and is seemingly about to say something before catching the eye of Briannah. Once again, they exchange glares that would kill a lesser man or woman, before Belseth gather his things and scurries off in a hurry.

:BriannahSB: …Arse…
:EleteSB: Err, that reminds me. I got some things I need to attend as well and… err… nice meeting you, Prince Kronos? Um… yeah… so… bye? You can find me at the temple if you… um… right… see ya.

Elete too scurries off and leaves you alone with Briannah in the middle of the garden. As you regain your bearings after the hasty farewells, you notice two pages lying on the stone path. It seems that in his hurry, Belseth dropped them.

:BriannahSB: So… are yah busy with anything?
>>
No. 669791 ID: 350a50

"More than usual, but I always have time for you."

Pick up those pages. We can get some information, and then return them later under the pretense of having picked them up to do so.
>>
No. 669792 ID: e114bc

That's weird, I could have sworn Belseth was said to have turned into a purge the heretics kind of guy after the vision that put him into the church. I can't find any mention of it now. Was that someone else, or phrased differently?

>>669783
Not busy, no. Check out those pages Belseth dropped. One of them has a rune of death on it, the other... I don't know.
>>
No. 669801 ID: df2e32

> I’m just an acolyte, not someone the Arch-bishop would speak to personally.
You said you arrived with him. He wasn't speaking exclusively in hushed tones, was he?
>are yah busy with anything?
Now I am, The game is afoot! Pick up those pages. Are they readable or familiar in any way?
>>
No. 669806 ID: 230832

Well might as well grab the pages. Also it looks like it's finally time to grab that thing Briannah was looking for.
>>
No. 669816 ID: 1cebc8

Kronos, bring Doxan and spy on Belseth, you'll play the dumb spy so that they don't look for Doxan.

Briannah, follow Elete and bring her to the club after her duties are done. Take the two pages with you.
>>
No. 669833 ID: ea0ad9

>…Arse…
He was hiding something, I know it.
>So… are yah busy with anything?
>>669791
>More than usual
Yes. "More than usual, but it's actually something I wanted to talk to you about." Tell her about Xuv, this "Goddess of Death and Beauty" who claims to be of the same group as the others. According to Belseth, only agreeing that she's of the same group would be heresay. Acknowledging that she's a Goddess who resided over a part of the kingdom is not.
>>
No. 669865 ID: c43722

As you walk over to pick up the pages tell Briannah that you were planning to take her to the storehouse, but that might change now. Read them as you walk back, then hand them to Bri to look over. Point out the symbol of death and say you spotted it and recognized it as such from your magical theory classes, which made you wonder why Belseth, a follower of Illasia, would have a page with that on it. The other symbol with the crescent you don't know, but you're going to find out.

Tell Bri your brother Karas mentioned to you at lunch that he overheard Belseth and the archbishop when they arrived talking about keeping an eye on you for some reason. Your father thinks they're just watching out for your safety, but you don't share that opinion. If they did know of some threat against you, they'd tell you, your father, or your guards and not keep an eye on you themselves. You think they're up to something and it may not be in your best interests.

Is Doxan shadowing Bri right now? 'Cause you'd like him to get on Belseth's tail. Eavesdrop on his meeting with the archbishop, keep following him and report what he saw and heard before your private meeting with Belseth. But if Doxan's not around... Maybe you could do it yourself. After all, you do move very quietly. But you'd rather not be the one to delay Briannah retrieving her father's remains from the storehouse again, so you're unsure whether to do it or not.

Ask Bri what is it that led to such intense animosity between her and Belseth. It has to be something more than him just being pissed off at her being a legitimized bastard that led to them shooting ocular death beams at each other all the time.

Tell Briannah you're wondering how she was able to walk right up behind Elete without her or you noticing, especially since she ought to have been in your field of vision as she approached. You're also wondering how she found out where you were. And you also wonder why she's wearing her ceremonial armor and not something more comfortable. You assume she came from a lunch meeting so you figured she'd be in her dress uniform and not armor.

When Bri said that she didn't mean that "tasty" line she said about Elete as a "food thing," what did she mean? She was licking her lip too, so you don't know what she could have meant. ...Wait. ...You think Bri was hinting that she likes gals as well as guys... Uh... Before your imagination (and loins) runs away with you, ask Bri just what she did mean by that line.

You have this feeling that Belseth dropping those two pages, one with a obvious symbol of death/Xuv on it, was a little bit too convenient. Perhaps he dropped them intentionally, knowing you'd likely pick them up, in order to see what you do based on their contents. Keep that in mind when reading them, and that what they say may be fake or altered.

What time is it? How long until dinner? You still have at the least bringing Briannah to the storehouse and having that private meeting with Belseth to do, and there's probably more to be done was well. Better get your schedule sorted out.

Depending on how much time you have left until dinner, you should plan to take Bri somewhere you know for sure is private and tell her everything, starting with your near-death meeting with Xuv.

>>669792
Briannah mentioned Belseth's drunken rantings yesterday at dinner, at the end up this update >>/quest/660679. Her accent turned "heretics" into "'eretics" so that's probably why you couldn't find it.
>>
No. 669872 ID: e114bc

>>669865
Right! There it is. ...if he thinks heresy is spreading lies about Illasia... maybe he knows something we don't. Something related to how Illasia is getting set up as the main god?
>>
No. 669947 ID: 65a774
File 144242453084.png - (37.96KB , 686x526 , 43.png )
669947

>What time is it? How long until dinner?
Going by the sun it shouldn’t be long after midday. Probably about one o’clock, two o’clock at worst.
>There it is. ...if he thinks heresy is spreading lies about Illasia... maybe he knows something we don't. Something related to how Illasia is getting set up as the main god?
Being a priest of the religion he probably knows a lot more than we do and seeing at heresy literally means believing in doctrine that the main church doesn’t, it’s a given that he believes spreading lies about it is heresy.

>Check out those pages Belseth dropped. One of them has a rune of death on it, the other... I don't know.
Let’s see… one of the pages has a symbol of a half-moon with two circles cradled inside it. It’s labeled “Cradle of souls” and the whole backside of it is filled with nearly unreadable cursive text, full of words that you have no idea what their meaning is. The other page is written with a very simple style, labeled “Find more info” followed by a lot of single words like: Demon, Devil, She-bitch, fallen one etc etc… err… and “God of death”, ”God of beauty”, “God of love”, “Sixth God”, “Xuv”… followed by the symbol of Xuv…
>Then return them later under the pretense of having picked them up to do so.
You’ll try to remember giving them back when you meet him later today.
>You have this feeling that Belseth dropping those two pages, one with an obvious symbol of death/Xuv on it, was a little bit too convenient.
Hmm… what kind of game is he playing? Is he trying to figure out if I know who Xuv is, maybe?


>"More than usual, but I always have time for you."
:BriannahSB: And I always ‘ave time for yah, cutie.
>Tell Briannah you're wondering how she was able to walk right up behind Elete without her or you noticing, especially since she ought to have been in your field of vision as she approached.
:BriannahSB: Yah were so engrossed in watching the pretty birdy that yah didn’t notice me coming at all, Kronos. Can’t blame yah, she were a cute one, eh?
:KronosSB: T-that’s not- I wasn’t… err…
>When Bri said that she didn't mean that "tasty" line she said about Elete as a "food thing," what did she mean?
:BriannahSB: Really? Do yah really need to ask? She was cute, no?
:KronosSB: Wait, you mean… you… um…
:BriannahSB: Don’t care what they are, as long as they are cute… like yah.

>Hand the pages to Bri to look over. Point out the symbol of death and say you spotted it and recognized it as such from your magical theory classes, which made you wonder why Belseth, a follower of Illasia, would have a page with that on it.
:BriannahSB: Don’t ask me, I ‘ave no idea ‘ow this religion thing of ye really works. I mean, if it is just magic, who cares if the god is some other symbol or other.
>Tell Bri your brother Karas mentioned to you at lunch that he overheard Belseth and the archbishop when they arrived talking about keeping an eye on you for some reason.
:BriannahSB: I’ve overheard some of those temple people talk too, and they seems rather protective of yah. Apparently, ye god want our marriage to succeed, eh?
>Is Doxan shadowing Bri right now? 'Cause you'd like him to get on Belseth's tail.
:BriannahSB: Yah want to spy on Belseth?
:KronosSB: Well… I just have this feeling he’s up to no good…
:BriannahSB: …Doxan?
:DoxanSB: Mistress?
:BriannahSB: Do it.
:DoxanSB: Yes, my queen.
>Ask Bri what is it that led to such intense animosity between her and Belseth.
:BriannahSB: We’ve never gotten along… of course, I’ve never gotten along with any of the brothers. I believe its part of me being a bastard and acting rather “unhonorably” to their standard, which means we usually get into arguments as soon as we’re in the same room together. Oh, and Belseth is a twat who looks down on anyone ‘e deems “Unintelligent”, which is to say everyone but ‘imself.

>Also it looks like it's finally time to grab that thing Briannah was looking for.
:BriannahSB: If yah ‘ave to time I would appreciate it. Won’t take too much time, I believe. Still, need ye permission to get into the storage ‘ouse in the first place.



:BriannahSB: Ah, ‘ere we are… larger than I thought it would be. So, should we start?
:KronosSB: Actually, there’s one think I wanted to talk about, now that we’re alone…

>Tell her everything, starting with your near-death meeting with Xuv.
:BriannahSB: Well, that’s kind of bad, eh?
:KronosSB: Kind of bad? Is that all you can say about all that?
:BriannahSB: Either yah’re telling the truth and shit just got complicated, or yah’re a complete raving lunatic that’s ‘allucinating voices in ye ‘ead. Either way, interesting times ahead, eh?
:KronosSB: …really?
:BriannahSB: But if ye gods really exist, I’m feeling a bit bad about defiling those alters under the war now, as they can actually take revenge and stuff… but enough of that, let’s find that item I was looking for. 280755 is the ID number… would be easier to find if everything was actually sorted in some way… damn, this place is like a graveyard…

This storage seems to be filled to the brim with all kind of items and as Bri said, they don’t seem to be sorted in any way. In fact, it seems like nobody’s been in here for ages. Either way, finding what you’re looking for might take ages if you don’t find some better way to locate it.
>>
No. 669959 ID: 9ddf68

this place is a storage room right? And Bri found it based off a serial number that the object was given right? Shouldn't we just be able to look at a catalog book or something and get an idea of where the thing we're looking for is?

Like for example, object 8COTL8003(or whatever the serial number is) is somewhere in the third row on the right according to the room's catalog.

If not at least ask her if we should be looking towards the left or right.
>>
No. 669960 ID: ea0ad9

>Don’t care what they are, as long as they are cute… like yah.
...You talk about others I've met like that and I'll be tempted to hire them on as high consorts. Should ask now, are you against that?
>Belseth is a twat who looks down on anyone ‘e deems “Unintelligent”, which is to say everyone but ‘imself.
He seemed uncertain about myself, but I suppose that was probably my title.
>finding what you’re looking for might take ages if you don’t find some better way to locate it.
>280755 is the ID number…
Are the IDs on objects in the Hides/Bones section really out of order? Not descending or ascending, but jumping both directions?
>>
No. 669980 ID: e114bc

>>669947
>Apparently, ye god want our marriage to succeed, eh?
Wait... this means whoever was threatening Briannah via that vision was NOT Illasia. Xuv was right. This means Illasia isn't acting against us, it's someone else... I think we should pray to Illasia tonight. Find out her side of things. ...unless that prophecy we got that vision about already came true? What if the destroyer of the world is already on the throne, impersonating Illasia?
If Belseth checks out, we can talk to him about Xuv. Find out why he's researching her. So long as we explain that we aren't sure exactly what is true and what isn't... well, first, ask Briannah how she thinks Belseth would react to speaking with him about Xuv.

Alright, to find this thing we need to find out what kind of thing it is since it seems to be sorted by category rather than ID number. If you ask me he's probably in the weapons/armor section considering he was a general.
>>
No. 670010 ID: 5aaa6f

>>669947
Hadn't we determined that Bri is looking for the skin of a relative of hers? That narrows things down a bit.

What are the odds its the same one that looked so intimidating in your youth?
>>
No. 670147 ID: c43722

>damn, this place is like a graveyard…
Considering the materials used in many of the items here, it really is... Are those helmets made out of Sakkilian skulls and that halberd out of Sakkilian bones? Cripes, your people had gristly practices. Practical, but gristly.

If the storehouse has a office that'd be the first place to go. It might have a catalog of the location of each item by ID. It also might have a log book of what has been taken out of here you'll want to check for Bri's item's ID. You don't want to end up trying to find something in here that has been taken out of the storehouse for some reason, right? Failing that, see if there's a curator or custodian or somebody here who's in charge of watching the storehouse, since they may know how to locate the item or where the catalog and log books are. Ask the storehouse guards if anybody like that is around, and if they're not around then where are they. Oh, and ask Bri if you'd be right in thinking that she has no idea what the item is. 'Cause if she did that'd narrow down the options considerably.

But if both those methods don't work, move on to seeing if there's a pattern you can deduce from the IDs of the items on the shelves and what sections they're in compared to the item ID Bri has. But if that doesn't work then it may come down to doing this the hard way and searching shelf by shelf. However, in that case you can use your authority as a prince to bring in servants and guards to help you search, right? And on a hunch start in the hides section; You have a feeling that the hide that hung on your bedroom wall will turn out to be that of Briannah's father since the universe has a perverse sense of humor about you.

Tell Bri that when we do find the item she's looking for, you want Sisah to scan and inspect its crate first to see if it was opened. It's unlikely, but an assassin who knows Bri is looking for this item and enough about her personality to figure she'd do something like what she's doing now could have rigged the crate with a bomb or something to try and kill her or you when its opened.

>Either yah’re telling the truth and shit just got complicated, or yah’re a complete raving lunatic that’s ‘allucinating voices in ye ‘ead.
Tell her that you thought the latter at first, but then you spoke to the earth elemental in the garden yesterday afternoon. You got its attention by speaking "Xuv," and its answers corroborated at least that there was a goddess of death and beauty by that name in the age of the Old Empire. And in case anybody tailed you and is listening, motion for Bri to lean down and whisper to her that it also gave you physical evidence of Xuv's existence in the form of a preserved ancient children's book of prayers. It includes the five commonly known gods plus Xuv, making six, and it's also where you got the prayer rituals from. All this put you firmly into the "something is really happening and it's not just in my head" camp.

You're going to have to secure that prayer book ASAP so it isn't lost or stolen; Either carry it on your person or keep it in your chest, and keep it in sight when Cain is translating it. It's the only real, physical evidence you have to back up what you've experienced. Otherwise you got nothing but your word and it sounds crazy.

>It’s labeled “Cradle of souls” and the whole backside of it is filled with nearly unreadable cursive text, full of words that you have no idea what their meaning is.
Might be magical scholar terms. Better show it to Tim and ask him if he can make sense of it. If he can't then maybe the head librarian can help you make heads or tails of it. And it might be theological scholar terms, so bring it to Elete as well.

>Oh, and Belseth is a twat who looks down on anyone ‘e deems “Unintelligent”, which is to say everyone but ‘imself.
...Now you have this urge to publicly beat Belseth at an intellectual challenge, but you suspect doing so would just make him behave like a giant arse to you as well, despite you being a prince.
>>
No. 670153 ID: 65a774
File 144251249695.png - (28.55KB , 686x526 , 44.png )
670153

>Are those helmets made out of Sakkilian skulls and that halberd out of Sakkilian bones? Cripes, your people had gristly practices.
You have to agree. While you’ve never really had any real love for the li- Sakkilians, this is simply macabre.
>You're going to have to secure that prayer book ASAP so it isn't lost or stolen.
Let’s just hope Cain takes good care of it until you find him again.
>Might be magical scholar terms on the page Belseth dropped. Better show it to Tim and ask him if he can make sense of it.
Is that really such a good idea? If Belseth finds out you’ve been going around showing this thing off to people, he will undoubtedly be mad and probably won’t help you in the future.

>Wait... this means whoever was threatening Briannah via that vision was NOT Illasia.
…then who was it?
>What if the destroyer of the world is already on the throne, impersonating Illasia?
…well, if that’s true, then things are even worse than we thought, aren’t they?
>If the storehouse has an office that'd be the first place to go. It might have a catalog of the location of each item by ID.
The only thing we got is the catalog Bri already have, and that doesn’t mention where the item is located, save for it being inside this store house somewhere…


>...You talk about others I've met like that and I'll be tempted to hire them on as high consorts. Should ask now, are you against that?
:BriannahSB: Heh, is this really the best time to speak of such things?
:KronosSB: Err… well… um…
:BriannahSB: Just remember to be fair, eh? And that married couples are supposed to share.
:KronosSB: Err…
>Tell her that you thought the latter at first, but then you spoke to the earth elemental in the garden yesterday afternoon.
:BriannahSB: Really? Aren’t those things all mad?
>Motion for Bri to lean down and whisper to her that it also gave you physical evidence of Xuv's existence in the form of a preserved ancient children's book of prayers.
:BriannahSB: … …well, that does make things a bit clearly, eh? Though… I still can’t really imagen what this whole thing about a new god is about.
>Ask Briannah how she thinks Belseth would react to speaking with him about Xuv.
:BriannahSB: As I’ve already said, I do not ‘now ‘ow ‘e will react to anything religious. I’m not really into that whole thing. In fact, I ‘ave a ‘ard time trying to fathom this whole thing about Suvn yah keep talking about.

>Ask Bri if you'd be right in thinking that she has no idea what the item is.
:BriannahSB: I ‘now what it is, just not what kind of form it’s in.
>Use your authority as a prince to bring in servants and guards to help do the search.
:BriannahSB: I rather not ‘ave a bunch of people I don’t ‘now handle this, alright?
>Tell Bri that when we do find the item she's looking for, you want Sisah to scan and inspect its crate first to see if it was opened.
:BriannahSB: Ah, yes, that would be prudent. Where is ye guard an-
:SisahSB: Right here.
:BriannahSB: Ngt! ‘ow do yah do that!?
:SisahSB: You were so engrossed in watching the pretty birdy that you didn’t notice me at all.
:BriannahSB: Oh, hah, very funny…
>Hadn't we determined that Bri is looking for the skin of a relative of hers?
You’ve played with the thought, sure, but you’re not certain.

:KronosSB: I… If I’m correct that the universe hates me, I might know where to find what you’re looking for.
:BriannahSB: What does the universe ‘ave to do with this?
:KronosSB: I used to have a Sakkilian hide in my room… so…
:BriannahSB: Heh… so yah believe yah’ve ‘ad my father on ye wall all this time, eh?
:KronosSB: Y-yeah… it’s… um… just… … …err… here it is…
:BriannahSB: … …t-that’s ‘im, alright…
:SisahSB: It’s clean.
:BriannahSB: I’ve been looking for ‘im for years and… I… I… … …I d-don’t ‘now what to do n-now… w-w-what to s-say… … … …I… d-don’t… f-f-f-father?

>What are the odds its the same one that looked so intimidating in your youth?
Apparently not small enough.
>The universe has a perverse sense of humor about you.
Agreed.
>>
No. 670155 ID: a4e757

Ask if she wants some privacy.
>>
No. 670163 ID: 9ddf68

yeah, talking here would more then like just hurt things more then anything. Ask if she'd rather be alone for awhile. Even if she doesn't it's probably best to give her some space.
>>
No. 670202 ID: 776757

Give her a moment, alone if she wants to. Also I think a burial is a must at this point.
>>
No. 670228 ID: 0fc976

Equip corpse-hat. Channel her father as a spiritual medium!
>>
No. 670235 ID: bd9fca

Give her a hug before giving her some space.
>>
No. 670238 ID: 4f2140

Ither give her some space or give her a hug.
Also its not right that all these bodies are just sitting in a warehouse like this, they deserve better and I think it is our duty as prince and political bridge or what ever this whole marriage makes you, to see to it that these poor souls are given to rest.
>>
No. 670253 ID: 2ccbb3

As disturbing as this sounds, you both have serious cultural issues:

Turn part of his hide into a salad bowl and have a happy funeral feast?
>>
No. 670309 ID: ea0ad9

>Really? Aren’t those things all mad?
Shared madness is a sign of the God's, I'm sure.
>w-w-what to s-say… … … …I… d-don’t… f-f-f-father?
Uh, what are Sakkilian funeral rights? Was there more than "Eat them so their soul can be reborn?" Maybe she can speak of the good he did and will be remembered for. Or the bad. Either way.
>>
No. 670350 ID: c43722

>>670155
>>670163
>>670202
Yeah, not speaking up right now would probably be the right thing. Let Briannah say what she feels she needs to say, if anything. However, Kronos, you're her husband as far as she's concerned, and a husband stays by their wife's side when she's grieving. He stays and comforts her, even if it's just by being by her side.

Stand right next to her on her right side, slip your arm around hers and say to take as long as she needs to, you'll be here for her. Keep your handkerchief ready to offer her if she starts to cry, which she probably will since roughly twenty years of grief is likely catching up with her now.

>>670235
>>670238
The mood of the situation just doesn't feel right to give Briannah a hug now. She's also wearing armor which would make a hug additionally awkward. If she feels she needs a hug, you can be sure she'll hug you, and if she doesn't you can offer her a hug when she eventually turns away from her father.

>>670202
Bri already mentioned back in the bath (>>/questarch/658194) that she was planning to ship her father's remains back to the Empire for a proper burial.

>>670238
>Also its not right that all these bodies are just sitting in a warehouse like this...
Definitely. The remains of at least the ones who died in the most recent war should be sent back to their families, and those who's families can't be identified or have no remaining family sent back to the Empire for proper burial.

>Is that really such a good idea? If Belseth finds out you’ve been going around showing this thing off to people, he will undoubtedly be mad and probably won’t help you in the future.
Yeah, he probably would. Perhaps instead you could copy the page, or at least the most important looking parts of it, yourself, return the page to Belseth, then discreetly look into this "Cradle of Souls" using your copied notes.

>…then who was it?
...Another god looking to sow distrust in Illasia in you for their own benefit? If the Dynasty's or the Lorentian's god exist, either of them may have their own reasons to if they can see the web of fate or know of the prophecy. And bone hands flaying your flesh off sounds like it might be in the Lorentian god's style, but you'd have to read up on that god to really say.

Or you could go with the god who'd obviously most want to sow distrust in Illasia in you: Xuv. You do only have Xuv's word that she can't see or do anything outside her prison, after all. But for all you know she slipped in some kind of link between her and you when she gave you her "blessing;" One that'd allow her to slip into your mind when you're unconscious, and maybe also see and hear through you. Unfortunately this is just speculation and you really don't have any idea how to figure out who sent you that threatening vision.
>>
No. 670367 ID: 65a774
File 144260091876.png - (30.12KB , 686x526 , 45.png )
670367

>Perhaps instead you could copy the page, or at least the most important looking parts of it, yourself, return the page to Belseth, then discreetly look into this "Cradle of Souls" using your copied notes.
Hmm… that would be doable if you find the time for it.
>Equip corpse-hat. Channel her father as a spiritual medium!
…you’re pretty sure Bri will snap your neck if you did that.
>Turn part of his hide into a salad bowl and have a happy funeral feast?
…and maybe insert a few burning rods into places where the sun doesn’t shine before finishing the job.

>Ask if she wants some privacy.
:BriannahSB: I… I… d-don’t ‘now…
>Stand right next to her on her right side, slip your arm around here and say to take as long as she needs to, you'll be here for her.
:BriannahSB:
>I think a burial is a must at this point.
:BriannahSB: I… I already g-got things prepare for… t-that… … …*cough* I… I need… now t-that I ‘now where… I… I n-need to take c-care of this… alone…
:KronosSB: …I understand.
:BriannahSB: …oh, and thank yah… … …for being ‘ere…
:KronosSB: It’s what a husband is supposed to do, right?
:BriannahSB: …y-yes… what is a ‘usband for… see yah at dinner?
:KronosSB: If that would please the lady.
:BriannahSB: Goodbye, Kronos.
:KronosSB: Bye.


>It’s not right that all these bodies are just sitting in a warehouse like this, they deserve better and I think it is our duty as prince and political bridge to see to it that these poor souls are given to rest.
…you really need to talk to your father about this. There has to be something you can do.
>Uh, what are Sakkilian funeral rites?
…you have no idea, actually. You do know that they don’t burn their dead like Risavia does… but… hmmm…

Either way, with that grueling business over with, it seems you’ll have a few hours until dinner free to do… something…
>>
No. 670368 ID: e114bc

You could see if you can find Belseth. Talk to him about his notes.
>>
No. 670376 ID: 9946e2

Well if you got time you could copy those pages. Other then that read what those funeral would be. Other the that maybe blow off some steam at the range.
>>
No. 670475 ID: 1583de

Before you leave Bri, check that she'll have adequate protection while here since Sisah is coming with you and Doxan is off shadowing Belseth. She has her other bodyguards, right?

First off, find Cain and get the prayer book from him so you can secure it in your chest's secret compartment; Remember to draw the curtains this time so no doves see this. Give him your chest key so he can get the book when he has time to work on translating it. Make sure he knows to secure it when he isn't working on it, and not to take it out of your room; He can work on it at your desk. Also, when you meet with him ask him if he got any more work in on the translation, as well as how the preparations for dinner are going and if there's any news or anything else thay has come along that may need your attention.

Next, head to the library, borrow a introductory volume on Sakkilian/Zadian Empire funeral customs and get a private reading room. Don't start reading right away, though. Use the privacy to make a copy of the Cradle notes first.

After you've read enough, go see about a private meeting with Belseth. Your father mentioned at lunch that he had a meeting scheduled with him, so swing by his office first to get when that is or was and make sure they aren't in the meeting right then. Going by your father's office would also allow you to schedule a meeting with him to talk about what to do with all the items made of Sakkilian skin and bone in the storehouse and in Risavia in general.
>>
No. 670505 ID: e114bc

Oh, find out from Doxan if Belseth is on the up and up BEFORE talking to Belseth about what you've been doing. I guess you can ask him what's up with the notes, just don't reveal any secrets unless you know he can be trusted.
>>
No. 670547 ID: 65a774
File 144268314247.png - (30.96KB , 686x526 , 46.png )
670547

>Before you leave Bri, check that she'll have adequate protection while here since Sisah is coming with you and Doxan is off shadowing Belseth.
Too late, you’ve already lost sight of her!
>Well if you got time you could copy those pages.
You guess you can take some time to do so, but you still have trouble even simply reading them thanks to the style of the writing.
>Maybe blow off some steam at the range.
If only you had time for that…

>First off, find Cain and get the prayer book from him so you can secure it in your chest's secret compartment; Remember to draw the curtains this time so no doves see this.
:CainSB: Ah, greetings sir… the book? Why, I haven’t had the time to look into that yet and thus it’s currently not on my person.
:KronosSB: Then, where is it?
:CainSB: I left it in your chest in your room, sir.
:KronosSB: …wait, how did you… where did you get the key too…
:CainSB: You gave me a spare key, remember?
:KronosSB: I did?
:CainSB: I’m sure someone as poised as you can simply think back and remember it, sir.
:KronosSB: Err… yeah, sure… I did lend you a spare key, didn’t I?
:CainSB: Why, there you go, sir, I’m proud of you.
>Also, when you meet with him ask him if he got any more work in on the translation, as well as how the preparations for dinner are going.
:CainSB: As I said, I don’t currently have time to do the translation. The dinner, on the other hand, is going superb, if I have to say so myself. I have made sure that you will have live music, a nice three meal course as well as a splendid location for it. I do, on the other hand, wish to know what the lady wishes to drink tonight. Weren’t you going to ask her?
:KronosSB: …oh, crap, I forgot!
:CainSB: Of course you did, sir, which is why I to the liberty to ask this highly visible Doxan for advice. He recommended a few different brands and I’ll have to go and look if we have any of them stocked, that is if you haven’t been raiding the drinking cabinets again…
:KronosSB: And the location.
:CainSB: Why, considering several different points of importance, like view, size, sound, privacy and most important, distance from your bed room I’ve-
:KronosSB: Wait, what was that last part?
:CainSB: I’ve concluded that the best place for dinner is your very own balcony, sir.
:KronosSB: …uh huh…

>And if there's any news or anything else they has come along that may need your attention.
:CainSB: Well, sir, it seems there’s a scale covered ninja looking for you.
:DoxanSB: Sir.
:KronosSB: AH!
:DoxanSB: Yah asked me to look into Belseth, correct?
:KronosSB: How do you keep doing that?
>Find out from Doxan if Belseth is on the up and up BEFORE talking to Belseth about what you've been doing.
:DoxanSB: So far, I’ve come up with nothing. ‘e went to meet the Arch-bishop for five, ten minutes in a well-guarded room that I couldn’t get into, before going back to ‘is own room, sir. ‘e ‘asn’t left it as of yet.
:KronosSB: …and while you’re here he’s…?
:DoxanSB: Ah, I ‘ave an… “assistant” keeping tabs on ‘im.
:CainSB: Another ninja? No wonder you failed to gain access to the Arch-bishops room.
>Go see about a private meeting with Belseth.
:DoxanSB: I do not ‘now if now is a good time, sir.
:KronosSB: Why? Is he busy?
:DoxanSB: ‘e seemed intoxicated and is currently singing about ‘ow ‘edgehogs can never be buggered or something.
:KronosSB: Huh…
:CainSB: Oh, and sir, I’ll need your assistance for the dinner in about an hour or so… if that’s alright.

Welp, seems like you won’t have time doing everything today. Should you visit Belseth now or wait with it? Maybe you should see your father about the remains of the Sakkilians… or maybe you should just go blow off some steam at the shooting range before the dinner? You can’t shake the feeling you’re forgetting something either… or is that just the stress talking?
>>
No. 670549 ID: ac7b02

You could use that extra hour you got to talk to your gardener pal and ask him to keep an eye on the crypt for you.

And did you ever have a spare key for your chest? I thought you said you were the only one who could open it.
>>
No. 670568 ID: 2ccbb3

>>670547
Oh man, if Belseth is hammered that means he'll give away fragments of his master plan! Grab some wine and chat with the guy!

Right now, you're in the dark. Even a sheer lie would help you flesh out your investigations.
>>
No. 670575 ID: 350a50

>>670568
This
>>
No. 670603 ID: e6fcea

>Another ninja? No wonder you failed to gain access to the Arch-bishops room.
Getting dangerously genre-savvy there, Cain.

>I’m sure someone as poised as you can simply think back and remember it, sir.
Your memory really is getting kinda screwy lately, isn't it, Prince? There was that idea of copying the parchments Belseth dropped before returning them to him, for the record. I'd suggest it would be for the better to take care of that before seeking him out.

I'd suggesting seeing to copying the parchment firstly, then think real hard about how personal and secure that chest of yours really is if Cain have a spare key you don't remember giving him.

After that, help him fix up your dinner. The mysteries of the world can wait a while longer. Your wife should be your priority given the her recent circumstances.
>>
No. 670651 ID: 65a774
File 144270520216.png - (30.65KB , 686x526 , 47.png )
670651

>You could use that extra hour you got to talk to your gardener pal and ask him to keep an eye on the crypt for you.
Or you can just send a message to him rather quickly. It will only take a minute.
>I'd suggesting seeing to copying the parchment firstly.
You take about five minutes and copy what you can from the notes. It’s not your best work, but it will have to do.
>And did you ever have a spare key for your chest?
…you’re pretty sure you… gave it… no, you asked him to make a copy… in case of the real key ever got lost. That’s it, when you got the chest, you asked him to make a copy and keep it, in case you ever lost the real one. That was years ago… no wonder you can’t remember it clearly.
>Then think real hard about how personal and secure that chest of yours really is if Cain have a spare key you don't remember giving him.
You trust Cain enough to handle the key with care. In fact, you trust him more than you trust yourself to handle the key…

>Oh man, if Belseth is hammered that means he'll give away fragments of his master plan! Grab some wine and chat with the guy!
Doxan was right. As soon as you come near Belseth room, you can hear him sing some kind of drinking song. Surprisingly, he has a rather nice singing voice. Putting that aside, you give the door a brisk knock before waiting for him to answer.
:BelsethSB: Ah, Kronos… nice to see you again, Prince.
:KronosSB: Greetings, Belseth.
:BelsethSB: I would invite you inside and offer you a glass of bourbon, but to both of ours dismay, I’ve just run dry. Sadly, I can’t just snap my fingers and get anything I want, can I?
:KronosSB: I brought wine.
:BelsethSB: Why, come right in, friend, and make yourself at home! I was just relaxing a bit, winding down and letting off some steam after a hard day of work. Who’d known doing good deeds would be so stressful, hmmm? So, what do you want to talk about? I’m guessing you aren’t here for religion reasons… is it about that cu- err… culicid wife of yours? Or do you just want to chat with your brother in law? …well, half-brother…
>>
No. 670652 ID: 2ccbb3

Play this carefully. Press for information, but act as though one of your squad is asking; if you give him too much information he might turn it against you, so lead him with hints that Cain might ask.
>>
No. 670676 ID: 67d5dc

We could ask him about Sakkilian funeral rites, move from there into Illasian funeral rites, then maybe about Illasian afterlife in general.
>>
No. 670687 ID: 4780ef

well he did say he wanted to speak to us so we figured we'd come down here and get that out of the way.
>>
No. 670710 ID: e114bc

>>670651
Get straight to the point. He dropped some notes, and they look pretty interesting. What's it about?

It occurs to me you have yet to ask someone about Briannah that doesn't have some sort of agenda. Of course, Belseth still has a bias, but I expect it will be easy to tell what he's exaggerating about. Ask him what she's like when she's around her adopted family.
>>
No. 670726 ID: e6fcea

>is it about that cu- err… culicid wife of yours?
Tell your half-brother-in-law that Briannah have yet to suck your blood. Nice save though, Belseth.

As for what things to speak about he did want to see you for something, didn't he? Oh, and he appeared to have dropped something, might as well hand those to him a little ways into the conversation.
>>
No. 670733 ID: 350a50

"You dropped these in the garden, earlier. Figured I might as well stick around for that chat you wanted after I drop them off, yeah?"

Return the pages.
>>
No. 670811 ID: 65a774
File 144275378880.png - (22.32KB , 686x526 , 48.png )
670811

>Play this carefully.
Hmm... it would be prudent to keep yourself from mentioning anything to damning yet.

>Tell your half-brother-in-law that Briannah have yet to suck your blood.
:BelsethSB: Ah, you caught that, did you? Heh, if I’d known you had such a vocabulary, I wouldn’t have made a derision like that, so my apologies for my ignominy.
>Nice save though, Belseth.
:BelsethSB: But apparently not good enough to mask my impudence, heh. Though, I’m impressed that you even knew the meaning of culicid.
>He did say he wanted to speak to us.
:BelsethSB: Why, yes, I did mention that fact, did I not? I wanted to converse with you about your spouse, in fact. I know she’s a bit… how would you put it… incult, if you would excuse my word of phrase. I do hope she hasn’t been too improper with you or your friends and relatives? I do know she has a habit of referring to new people as… food at times, but she doesn’t really mean it. She has a bit a… façade she hides behind, as she has taken comfort in food from the pain she’s felt. While it doesn’t excuse her inelegant or uncouth behavior, she has some problems showing herself… “weak” to others, so to speak.
>Ask him what she's like when she's around her adopted family.
:BelsethSB: Well, there’s always been a bit of a fracture between us. She wasn’t introduced to the family until she came of age, as well as her being someone from a low breeding, thus her more… scatological aspects did not really go down well with the rest of us. But, her improper behavior aside, I have to ask, what is your take on her? How does it go between the two of you?
:KronosSB: Err… well, you know how it… is… umm… here I was meaning to give you these.

>Return the pages.
:BelsethSB: Hmm? What’s this?
:KronosSB: You dropped these pages when we met earlier today.
:BelsethSB: Ah, thank you, friend! I would have been in trouble if you didn’t return these… … …I do hope you haven’t been reading them out of curiosity?
:KronosSB: Um… well, I took a quick glance at them, but that’s it.
>They look pretty interesting. What's it about?
:BelsethSB: Heh… I can’t really tell you that, can I? Sadly, it’s a church secret, really. Mostly just notes and topics I need to learn according to the Arch-bishop.
:KronosSB: Magic theory is something priests need to learn?
:BelsethSB: Well, no, but… apparently, the Arch-bishop has plans for me. In fact, I came here because this is the location of some big church secret that I need to witness and- oh, I’m letting my mouth get the best of me. Forget I’d said anything about that or the meeting I have tomorrow, alright?

>We could ask him about Sakkilian funeral rites.
:BelsethSB: Well, we do not have religion like you do, instead we have a few tradition that our Shamans perform. It’s hard to tell which part of their rituals that are just myth and old lore, and which are actual magic, as they are quite effective at keeping the bodies from renewing their conviction to walk once again. The short version of the whole deal is rather simple, the shamans perform their rites, the body is dissected and their more important parts are distributed among family and friends to be consumed, often according to the will of the deceased, before the rest of their bodies are buried among the mounds of their forefathers.
>Move from there into Illasian funeral rites.
:BelsethSB: Oh? Don’t you even know your own rites?
:KronosSB: Well, not the details. I know that the deceased are burned before being buried, often in crypts.
:BelsethSB: Ah, but that’s about it, really. They are burned so their souls can be released into the grace of Illasia herself. The rest is really just details.
>Then maybe about Illasian afterlife in general.
:BelsethSB: You know of the Celestial city, correct?
:KronosSB: It’s where you go in the afterlife if you’ve been good, right?
:BelsethSB: Indeed… it’s the massive city of the heavens, where we go to be judged by the will of Illasia… and if we’ve been pure, we will live a life where all our dreams and desires are fulfilled. To think, by simply snapping your fingers, you can have anything you aspire for. Food made of the juiciest meat, drink of the sweetest fruit and… even more carnal desires then that. Can you imagen that?
:KronosSB: Err…
:BelsethSB: Ah, yes, of course. You’re a prince of a rich kingdom, are you not? I’ve always wondered how it is to have everything served on a silver platter.
:KronosSB: It’s… kind of boring, actually.
:BelsethSB: Still… at times I wish I had that power as well. It would be a lot easier to relax after a stressful day like this, just snap your fingers and have someone… take care of it, so to speak. But enough about that, you’ve yet to answer my question. How is it between you and my sister?
>>
No. 670824 ID: 4780ef

>How is it between you and my sister?
...interesting is a word I think I'd use. Both of us came into this relationship with with some kind of emotional baggage from the pass which shows up from time to time. But overall it has been going, well it's been going better then I expected. It HAS only been just over 2 days so I think it's a bit early to say anything yet but it is interesting.
>>
No. 670845 ID: 1cc24b

Well, she saved my life, I saved hers. Assassins and a poisoning plot, respectively. Keep an eye out for that, Belseth, we don't know if its internal separatists, the nations to the south, or... something else, but someone is trying to destroy the alliance, and they've been indiscriminate in their attempts.

That reminds me, while I'm on heavy topics... Briannah wanted to find her father's remains among the macabre war trophies in storage. We found him, but there's a lot more down there. I was going to talk to my father about it, but I figured a holy man such as yourself would be in an actual position to do something about it.
>>
No. 670867 ID: e114bc

>>670811
It's going very well. Much, much better than you thought it would, having not been very fond of Sakkilians before you met her.

Ask what he knows about the sixth god. He knows about her existence, that much is obvious from his notes. Why is it kept a secret? You heard that gods gain strength from prayers, does that mean they're keeping her weak? Does he know why she was exiled, exactly?
>>
No. 670882 ID: e6fcea

>How is it between you and my sister?
It was a little rough at the start, but since then you and Briannah have managed to understand one-another surprisingly well at times. For being a political marriage, it has proven to be quite the positive experience in the end.

That and you really need to get around to beating her in that wargame eventually.

As for the topic of Briannah's father, and that you happen to know the significance of the death symbol... Perhaps it would be for the best not to speak of such things? The first due to being a very personal matter for your wife and the second because it might not be a good idea to openly speak of how well you know about a supposedly long-forgotten deity.
>>
No. 671352 ID: 65a774
File 144285374920.png - (20.34KB , 686x526 , 49.png )
671352

> As for the topic of Briannah's father, and that you happen to know the significance of the death symbol... Perhaps it would be for the best not to speak of such things?
Hmm… you shouldn’t mention Briannahs father, as that’s a private matter… and showing that you have knowledge of Xuv might be a bad idea… but…

>...interesting is a word I think I'd use.
:BelsethSB: Interesting indeed. Being forced into a marriage like that would be anything but boring, no?
>Well, she saved my life, I saved hers. Assassins and a poisoning plot, respectively.
:BelsethSB: Ah, yes, I was notified about that. Good things both of you were able to come out unscathed.
>It's going very well. Much, much better than you thought it would.
:BelsethSB: Really?
:KronosSB: Indeed. While we’re a bit different, we have managed to understand one-another surprisingly well at times. It has been… a positive experience, actually.
:BelsethSB: …oh… that’s… that’s good to hear. I do hope you two are happy together.
>It HAS only been just over 2 days so I think it's a bit early to say anything yet.
:BelsethSB: Ah, yes, of course… please, do take your time to know her fully.

>That and you really need to get around to beating her in that wargame eventually.
:BelsethSB: Oh, she beat you? Yes, I do remember her being a rather good player, even though I haven’t played against her in a long time. It’s bad for your playstyle to play against inferior opponents, you know… but… for you I might make an exception. What do you say; maybe we should take an evening just the two of us to discuss some interesting tactics? I’m sure it would be a lovely time if we brought something nice to eat and drink?
:KronosSB: I… have to think about that.
>That reminds me, while I'm on heavy topics... like the warehouse full of the dead…
:BelsethSB: Ah, yes, I’ve heard that this kingdom have a lot of… war trophies. I’ve tried to have someone look into the matter, but apparently most of them are owned by noble families, making it hard to regain them without spending gold I do not have. It’s a rather grim situation to be in, no?

>Ask what he knows about the sixth god.
:BelsethSB: The sixth god?
:KronosSB: It was on one of your notes and it caught my eye. I mean, they are called the five for a reason, right? It would be heresy saying that there was a sixth god, no?
:BelsethSB: Ah, yes… as it isn’t in the church current canon, it would be heresy, indeed. I… I shouldn’t talk about this but… there might have been a sixth god back when the old empire existed but… it’s not really clear. It’s not clear what happened to it… what it did… or if it even existed. I… don’t really know much about it but… the Arch-bishop wanted me to research it a bit… so I should be ready for what she will show me t- Err… forget about that. I think the drink is making my mouth run away again…
:KronosSB: Still... thank you for clearing some things up for me.
:BelsethSB: No need to thank me… *Sigh*… actually, there’s something else I wish to ask you about.
:KronosSB: Hmm?
:BelsethSB: I was just wondering… are you available tonight? I need some time to relax and… I do quite enjoy your company.
:KronosSB: Oh… um… I’m sorry, but I’ve going to have dinner with my wife tonight.
:BelsethSB: … … …oh, of course… how silly of me. Still… you don’t happen to have some way to spend some time around here? Something a bit… um… soothing, maybe?
>>
No. 671353 ID: 4780ef

define soothing. I know there are a lot of clubs and things around here that could help pass the time, as well as faculties for certain hobbies and interest like the shooting range and library. If you give my an idea about what exactly you're looking for I could point you in the right direction.
>>
No. 671358 ID: dbe554

That's a surprisingly melancholic look from him, I wonder if he's adjusting poorly so far?

Also it seems he's been dropping quite a few hints about something or another though it's hard to tell what, that was a surprisingly long pause when you mentioned dinner with your wife, makes me wonder what exactly what he wanted to do to relax with you.
>>
No. 671363 ID: 635d16

Christ, he looks like his dog just died.

Maybe a bath? I'll teach you to shoot on the firing range another time, that's what I always do to relax.
>>
No. 671369 ID: e6fcea

>how silly of me
Nothing silly about asking a question, Belseth. Just unfortunate timing. Another time, for certain, as it was quite pleasant to talk with you.

>some way to spend some time around here?
>soothing, maybe?
Perhaps a bath could be arranged?
>>
No. 671370 ID: e114bc

>>671352
>so I should be ready for what she will show me t-
The arch-bishop is female? He's acting like he's scared shitless of what's going to happen later. I'm guessing it's tomorrow, not tonight...

I want to reassure him somehow, but... I don't know if we should say anything about Xuv yet. Ask him about the vision he had.
>>
No. 671376 ID: ea0ad9

>Something a bit… um… soothing, maybe?
A nice warm bath with a cup of tea usually helps me. I could ask them to prepare it for you, if you'd like.

Really hoping he wasn't trying to ask to be a consort there. Kind of an awkward idea for Kronos, what with him being straight. Also, since Briannah wanted "Shareable" consorts, her brother isn't exactly one.
>>
No. 671468 ID: 350a50

You two should totally disguise yourselves as commoners and go to a karaoke bar tomorrow.
>>
No. 671592 ID: 65a774
File 144292948698.png - (31.62KB , 686x526 , 50.png )
671592

>Really hoping he wasn't trying to ask to be a consort there.
Of course he isn’t. He’s the same gender as you are, after all.
>You two should totally disguise yourselves as commoners and go to a karaoke bar tomorrow.
…while fun that does sound rather dangerous. Maybe we make do with something in the palace? Hmm… make some kind of fun singing contest and invite everyone, maybe?
>The arch-bishop is female?
You… don’t know, actually. It’s possible, sure. You’re pretty sure the Arch-bishop doesn’t use his real name and his always clad in this mask…
>He's acting like he's scared shitless of what's going to happen later.
He’s probably just nervous, that’s all.

>Nothing silly about asking a question, Belseth. Just unfortunate timing. Another time, for certain, as it was quite pleasant to talk with you.
:BelsethSB: Ah, I’m already looking forwards to it, my friend.
>I'll teach you to shoot on the firing range another time, that's what I always do to relax.
:BelsethSB: Err… that… would be interesting, sure… but… um… I’m not really that… I… err…
:KronosSB: You don’t like guns?
:BelsethSB: I don’t like weapons at all, actually… or violence…
:KronosSB: Oh, really? That’s interesting.
:BelsethSB: I do hope you don’t think less of me for it.
>A nice warm bath with a cup of tea usually helps me. I could ask them to prepare it for you, if you'd like.
:BelsethSB: That does sound lovely, but sadly, this room doesn’t have-
:KronosSB: Ah, but we have a big bath in the palace that’s probably available tonight. If you wish, I’ll arrange so that you can use it.
:BelsethSB: That… that would be perfect, thank you! I really appreciate what you’ve done for me, friend.

He embraces you and hugs you… rather tightly, at that.
:KronosSB: Vark!

>Ask him about the vision he had.
:BelsethSB: Vision? Ah, you must mean the one I had at the end of the war? I… r-rather not talk about it, to be honest. It’s… connected with things I rather forget about. So… um… something else I can help you with? I mean… you came here offering both wine and that bath while I… I insist that I’ll repay you somehow for your generosity, friend.
>>
No. 671602 ID: 2513d2

It may just be the alcohol but Belseth's starting to come across as a "Fan of the Man" so to speak. This isn't a kingdom where that's criminal, is it?

As for favors, you could always try asking about his experiences with your wayward brother. It might be useful and shouldn't tip him off about all that Xuv stuff.
>>
No. 671612 ID: 4780ef

>ou came here offering both wine and that bath while I… I insist that I’ll repay you somehow for your generosity, friend.
Oh no, don't worry about it. This is my home and you are a guess. I just wanted to make sure you were settling in well... well that and see what you wished to talk to me about.

But if you find yourself with some free time and nothing to do we also have a library if you like to do some reading. Now is there anything else you'd like to discus?

>He embraces you and hugs you… rather tightly, at that.
given your fear of these guys how much did that little action cause your spine to shiver?

>Vision? Ah, you must mean the one I had at the end of the war? I… r-rather not talk about it, to be honest.
wonder if that's just because he seem to detest violence and the end of the war was a bit bloody or because his vision was similar to the one you had last night in front of the mirror? Don't ask him but it is something to thing about.
>>
No. 671637 ID: 350a50

>Of course he isn’t. He’s the same gender as you are, after all.
That's not taboo in their country, remember? Hell, Bri's expressed interest in other females.
>>
No. 671643 ID: e114bc

>>671592
Don't ask about your brother or the war, he's stated he'd rather not think about that.
Him being a pacifist explains a lot of the friction he has with Briannah. Hmm.
Ask him about the Cradle of Souls. That's a separate topic from Xuv, isn't it?
>>
No. 671667 ID: 5991ce

Is he..? Is he trying to get with you? No I'm reading this the wrong way, he's worried about something and is looking for some support that's it. Offer support.
>>
No. 672267 ID: 65a774
File 144311769119.png - (38.99KB , 686x526 , 51.png )
672267

>Given your fear of these guys how much did that little action cause your spine to shiver?
You have to admit, you might have shaken a bit when he embraced you like that all the sudden.
>It may just be the alcohol but Belseth's starting to come across as a "Fan of the Man" so to speak.
Don’t be silly, he’s just a bit… um… friendly.
>This isn't a kingdom where that's criminal, is it?
Well, not really, no.
>Hell, Bri's expressed interest in other females.
That’s… err… n-not the same thing… kind of, right?
>No I'm reading this the wrong way, he's worried about something and is looking for some support that's it. Offer support.
Yeah, he’s probably just a bit lonely, having to move here from his homeland.
>Him being a pacifist explains a lot of the friction he has with Briannah. Hmm.
While you have to admit that Briannah can be a bit hotheaded, it’s probably not the only thing that’s creating a friction between them.

>Oh no, don't worry about it. This is my home and you are a guest. I just wanted to make sure you were settling in well...
:BelsethSB: Ah, of course, of course. Your hospitality is appreciated, I have you know. But still, I do insist that I repay you somehow. Maybe at a later date, perhaps?
>But if you find yourself with some free time and nothing to do we also have a library if you like to do some reading.
:BelsethSB: Oh, I already have so much that needs to be read as it is, sadly, so I don’t really have the time to spare for casual reading.
>Now is there anything else you'd like to discuss?
:BelsethSB: Hmm… nothing comes to mind at the moment, no… but do be vigilant when it comes to my half-sister, alright? I know she can be… a shore, even at the best of times.

>Ask him about the Cradle of Souls.
:BelsethSB: Ah, that is something I should definitely not talk about. That something that’s extremely hush hush at the moment and… it would be better if you simply forgot about it completely, alright?
:KronosSB: is it really that much of a secret?
:BelsethSB: Yes, so let’s not speak of it again. The Arch-Bishop would be furious if he even knew that someone outside the church even knew the word…
:KronosSB: Really?
:BelsethSB: I… alright, no more. I won’t talk about… that, any longer.
:KronosSB: Fair enough…
:BelsethSB: So… was there something else on your mind?
:KronosSB: Not any longer, no…
:BelsethSB: Then I guess this is adieu… at least for now.
:KronosSB: Goodbye, Belseth, it was nice talking to you.
:BelsethSB: Indeed, your company was a pleasant one.
:KronosSB: I’ll send someone over when the bath is ready and available.
:BelsethSB: I’m looking forward to it.



As you head back to Cain, you take a moment to send a servant to prepare the bath for Belseth, as you promised to do.

:CainSB: Ah, there you are, sir, I was beginning to suspect that you’d gotten cold feet, sir.
:KronosSB: I wouldn’t miss this, Cain, believe me. Now, what did you want my help for?
:CainSB: Why, you do know your wife a bit better than me, I hope, so I need your aid to make some of the last minute choices. First up, what you two will drink. I’ve retrieved three choices for you. First up, a classic brand of red wine, a good year too, that will fit most things.
:KronosSB: So, a solid choice?
:CainSB: Indeed, it’s not something that can really fail to please, sir, if only it’s a bit… common. Your next choice is an exotic drink from across the sea. A most expensive, popular among the upper-class-
:KronosSB: It’s blue?
:CainSB: …why, sir, I’m astonished to witness such a feat of observation, sir! It is indeed blue colored. Most lesser men would have completely missed something so-
:KronosSB: Yes, yes, I get it… what’s the catch with this one?
:CainSB: I do not know how refined your wife’s tastes are, but it possible that it’s a bit too much for her. Otherwise, I would have recommended it completely.
:KronosSB: And the third choice?
:CainSB: A rather simple drink from the empire. Sweet, yet tasty. It’s a favorite among the people living in the imperial capital, if my sources are correct.
:KronosSB: So… nice wine, exotic / expensive drink or something from her homeland?
:CainSB: Indeed.

:CainSB: Now, there are two other things I need a bit of aid with. First off, is music. I’ve been able to employ the necessary “music makers”, but now I need to know what, exactly, should they play?
:KronosSB: Err… I’m not really-
:CainSB: I meant in a more simple way. Sad music? Happy? When should they play what? Different songs for each course or the same all the time? There are a few choices here to make, no?
:KronosSB: Still…
:CainSB: And lastly, how much should I decorate for the dinner? Keep it at a minimum? Go all out? Somewhere between?
:KronosSB: Um…
>>
No. 672273 ID: 3c63a1

Try the fancy stuff since she said last night that she was enjoying all the new fancy things she was trying but keep the other two near by just encase. As for the music I don't see why we'd want sad music so try and keep it on the upbeat side of things. Lastly have the decorations somewhere in between.
>>
No. 672464 ID: ea0ad9

The red wine is common here, but it seems the sweet wine is common in the Empire. Go for the red wine. As for the music, just something light and soothing. Not quite minimal decorations, but still a little.
>>
No. 672470 ID: 2ccbb3

Your best bet is to combine the three drinks to match the color of Vark Skin.

Music: Harry Belafonte - Jump In The Line. Because you're the prince and it's time to party.
>>
No. 672486 ID: 350a50

>>672267
Red wine; some modest, tasteful decorations (don't want to seem gaudy); and happy music at the beginning, gradually shifting into more a soothing atmosphere melody.
>>
No. 672604 ID: 65a774
File 144320110276.png - (44.25KB , 686x526 , 52.png )
672604

>Your best bet is to combine the three drinks to match the color of Vark Skin.
:CainSB:
:KronosSB:
:CainSB: … … …I have to admit, I’m genuinely speechless, sir. What, exactly, made you even utter that… deranged sentence?
:KronosSB: I… err… don’t know, actually… just… forget about it.
>Go for the red wine.
:CainSB: Not a gambling man, sir? But very well, red wine it is.
>Keep the other two nearby just in case.
:CainSB: Of course, I’ll keep them cooled right next to the table, if you need them.
>Tasteful decorations (don't want to seem gaudy).
:CainSB: I’ll keep my inner decorator in check as best as I can, sir.
>As for the music, just something light and soothing.
:CainSB: I’ll make sure the musicians gets your request.
:KronosSB: Well, I guess the dinner is ready, then?
:CainSB: Um… sir? Might I suggest that you tidy up a bit first? Right now, your personal “touch” is going to clash with the smell of the flowers, sir.
:KronosSB: Oh, right, I’ll take a shower and change clothes. Be right back.



:CainSB: Sir? Are you ready? Your beloved is here.
:KronosSB: Just give me a second and I’ll greet her.
:CainSB: Very well, sir. Then it seems it’s time for me to excuse myself, sir, and leave you two to it. I’ll see you tomorrow, sir.
:KronosSB: See you t- wait, it’s just dinner time? …Cain?

:KronosSB: Briannah!
:BriannahSB: Kronos…
:KronosSB: I… err… just… um…
:BriannahSB: ...
:KronosSB: ...
:BriannahSB: ...

She seems a bit... down. She’s nowhere as perky as she was yesterday. You might want to take care of what you say to her.
>>
No. 672611 ID: 52f95a

Tell her she looks Lovely. Also avoid any topic about her father, maybe avoid talking about her brother if you can, and save showing her the sword until she feels a bit more upbeat. That's all I got at the moment.
>>
No. 672661 ID: b3a195

Well, she looks stunning. Take the lead and pull out her chair for her and offer the wine and whatnot. Ask her what's wrong when she's comfortable.
>>
No. 672670 ID: 2ccbb3

Ask her where she got that dress.

Start dancing and be sure to parkour while avoiding the floor. See if you can impress her with freestyle run-dancing, don't worry about the lyrics just schizo-talk your way into a good beat.
>>
No. 672755 ID: 350a50

Shoot her in the kneecap and push her off the balcony.

Er, no wait, that's wrong.
>>672661
Do what this guy says.
>>
No. 672862 ID: 65a774
File 144328843287.png - (51.34KB , 686x526 , 53.png )
672862

>Also avoid any topic about her father, maybe avoid talking about her brother if you can.
Indeed, you better keep away from such topics… at least if you want a decent night together.
>Shoot her in the kneecap and push her off the balcony.
You quickly draw your gun and fire a shot straight at her legs. It hits it target and creates a beautiful shower of blood and gore as she howls in pain. Seeing her lose her balance, you grab the initiative and run into her, tackling her over the railing of the balcony, using her own weight as she spirals downwards, followed by a sickly crack as her neck breaks on impact. As you look down on the corpse of your former fiancé, the only thing you can think about is the glee that fills you seeing her suffer.
>>
No. 672863 ID: 65a774
File 144328844474.png - (30.39KB , 686x526 , 54.png )
672863

:BriannahSB: Kronos? Are yah alright? Yah’re looking a bit… um…
:KronosSB: Err… I’m fine… I’m just… fine…
:BriannahSB: …really?

>Tell her she looks Lovely.
:BriannahSB: Why, thank yah. Yah don’t look ‘alf bad yeself.
>Ask her where she got that dress.
:BriannahSB: From a tailor in my ‘omeland? Why do yah even ask?
:KronosSB: Err… no reason…
>Start dancing.
:KronosSB: Oh, before we dine tonight, may I ask the fair lady for her hand in a dance?
:BriannahSB: D-d-dance? Err… no, I rather… n-not?
:KronosSB: …why not?
:BriannahSB: I… err… I mean… I’m… foot… my foot ‘urts and I… um…
:KronosSB: Well, alright, better not burden it too much, then.

>Take the lead and pull out her chair for her and offer the wine and whatnot.
:BriannahSB: Now that’s more like it. Thank yah, ‘andsome.
>Ask her what's wrong when she's comfortable.
:BriannahSB: I… heh… rather not talk about it, ‘un. I rather just… forget about it tonight and enjoy myself, eh? In fact, going by ye composure, I’m guessing yah need a night of enjoyment too?
:KronosSB: Well… um… maybe?

You can’t shake the memories of the daydream you just had. How you callously murdered her without a second thought… and the sickening amount of joy you experienced. Clearly, something is very wrong with you.
>>
No. 672864 ID: 2ccbb3

Well this date has gone sour and you didn't even make any serious mistakes.

PARTY TIME! Invite your squad and just party!
>>
No. 672865 ID: 9ddf68

>and the sickening amount of joy you experienced. Clearly, something is very wrong with you.
It's probably just stress.

Well guess we have some time before the food arrives. Let her know if she doesn't like the wine we have a few other brands off on the side. As for something to talk about... Shit I'm drawing a blank.

Ask her what her home country is like. Like is it hilly, flat. Maybe ask what the people are like. As in are they proud, relaxed, that sort of thing. Guess you could also ask about the culture there and how it's different from you're kingdom.

I'm just trying to pick topics that hopefully won't touch on something that will ruin everyone's time by bring up bad memories. Oh and go easy on the wine. You're a light weight after all.
>>
No. 672876 ID: 0fc976

Yes, something simple after the whirlwind of controversy surrounding this marriage is a much needed respite. That's why we've tried to keep this affair as simple as possible for a pleasant evening out in the open air... Would someone shoo that bird away? Yes, much better. You know, after things have calmed down around us, I'm rather looking forward to our marriage.

Kronos ,have you actually told her you like her yet?
>>
No. 672877 ID: e114bc

>>672863
Then you should pray to Xuv to find out what's wrong. Also, to ask her about the full vision you had. Was she struck mortal?
>>
No. 672880 ID: b62753

Don't worry, everybody goes a little mad sometimes. Maybe some level of your conscious is trying to tell you something about yourself since you killed that assassin.

Does her eye look... Darker than usual?
>>
No. 672889 ID: e114bc

>>672880
I think that's an eyepatch.
>>
No. 673029 ID: 99cfa8

>>672863
> something is very wrong with you
Or there's a god messing with your head. That is a distressingly real possibility given the last couple of days.

... Yeah, maybe you need this break.
>>
No. 673033 ID: e114bc

>>673029
...it's possible the theory about the world-ender having already ascended the throne was true, and praying to the now-dead gods means he's fucking with our head.
>>
No. 673035 ID: 350a50

Well, royalty is known for having a myriad of mental disorders.

Tell her that, though you were initially cold towards the idea of this marriage, you've found yourself warming up to her.
>>
No. 673188 ID: 65a774
File 144338193125.png - (18.87KB , 686x526 , 55.png )
673188

>It's probably just stress.
You hope so.
>Or there's a god messing with your head. That is a distressingly real possibility given the last couple of days.
…g-great. Just… great.
>You should pray to Xuv to find out what's wrong.
And if Xuv don’t have the answers? After all, she seems a bit… out of the loop about things.

>Well, royalty is known for having a myriad of mental disorders.
Hey! Nobles aren’t beset by disorders like the common people are! Some of us are just a bit… eccentric. Except for your old uncle, he was a complete loon.
>Does her eye look... Darker than usual?
It’s some kind of eyepatch. She wore it yesterday at dinner too.
>Well this date has gone sour and you didn't even make any serious mistakes.
Don’t give up before the race has even started.
>Kronos, have you actually told her you like her yet?
Of course! You said it when… err… remember, when she… and… you… um… did… that thing? …back then? …you think? …maybe?

>Yes, something simple after the whirlwind of controversy surrounding this marriage is a much needed respite. That's why we've tried to keep this affair as simple as possible for a pleasant evening out in the open air.
:BriannahSB: It is a nice affair, I ‘ave to agree. I’m sure we can find something to… “discuss” to forget about the ‘ardships of the world, eh?
>Let her know if she doesn't like the wine we have a few other brands off on the side.
:BriannahSB: Heh, why are they down there? They belong on the table with the wine, eh? Someone, bring us two more glasses each, so we can sample all three bottles.
:KronosSB: Err… maybe we should go a bit easy on the alcohol?
:BriannahSB: Don’t worry, I’m not planning on chugging a whole bottle, am I?

>Tell her that, though you were initially cold towards the idea of this marriage, you've found yourself warming up to her.
:BriannahSB: Well, I’m warming up too yah too, sweetie.
:KronosSB: And… actually, I’m starting to… like you… a lot. I… I’m actually looking forward to our marriage and… I think this might actually… um… work out for the better… you know…
:BriannahSB: Yah’ve notice that ye ‘eart skips a beat every time I bend over?
:KronosSB: Well… err… yes, but… that’s not what I-
:BriannahSB: I’m just teasing yah. I too ‘ave to admit I’m starting to enjoy our time together. Yah’re a sweet prince, if a bit… carefree.
>Ask her what her home country is like.
:BriannahSB: Cold, ‘arsh… lots of tundra. The winters are long and dark, while the summers are windy but beautiful. We ‘ave to travel there some summer and just watch the meadows bloom. It’s quite the sight to see.
>Maybe ask what the people are like.
:BriannahSB: Proud, diligent and stubborn. Why do yah keep asking things like that?
:KronosSB: I’m just curios.
:BriannahSB: Then read a book about it?
:KronosSB: But I like to hear it from you. It’s nice to just sit back and listen to your voice, you know.
:BriannahSB: Heh, really?



The dinner comes and goes, with both of you enjoying each other’s company to the fullest. The hardships of the world has been put to rest and both of you seem to be in a lot better spirits then before the meal. Now, as it draws to a close, you’re facing a bit of a conundrum. Should you present the sword and bracelet to her now or wait?

:BriannahSB: So… I ‘ave to ask, are yah busy tonight?
:KronosSB: Um… I don’t think so, no?
:BriannahSB: Good, then we can take some time together as… I want to… s-show yah a few interesting things, if yah want too.
>>
No. 673190 ID: e53541

Sure, if she'll let you go first. Then give her the sword & bracelet.
>>
No. 673198 ID: f18caf

>>673190
This.
>>
No. 673201 ID: 9ddf68

>Except for your old uncle, he was a complete loon.
oh he sounds like someone fun, you got to tell us about him some time.

>Yah’re a sweet prince, if a bit… carefree.
well their's not much point in worrying about something. Either you can fix it and you don't need to worry or there's nothing you can do about it so worry about it just waste time and energy. Besides, everyone needs to cut loose every now or then or they'll just explode.

>>673190
this works, I'll support it.
>>
No. 673208 ID: e114bc

We could even invite her to the ritual with XUV.
>>
No. 673211 ID: 65a774
File 144339424882.png - (40.94KB , 686x526 , 56.png )
673211

>Sure, if she'll let you go first.
:BriannahSB: Go first? Do yah ‘ave a surprise or two for me?
:KronosSB: Oh, do I…
>Give her the sword…
:BriannahSB: I… I… i-it’s w-whole!? Y-yah actually… It’s… I c-can’t…

Her tail starts going crazy, almost toppling a nearby flowerpot in its mad trashing. You have to admit, you’re pretty sure you’ve never seen so many teeth shown in one mouth ever before.

:BriannahSB: THANK YAH! I can’t… thank yah enough… yah ‘ave no idea what this means to me. It’s just… thank yah… … …I d-do ‘ope yah ‘now what this symbolize, right?
:KronosSB: Oh, I do… that’s why I brought my other gift.

>& bracelet.
:BriannahSB: It’s… it’s beautiful.
:KronosSB: It’s an old heirloom, passed down through my family line.
:BriannahSB: Really? It looks almost new… and… that’s a real sapphire?
:KronosSB: You do know what that bracelet symbolize, right?
:BriannahSB: Of course! …wait ‘ere for a moment. I got a surprise for yah… actually, three surprises. Be back in a minute.
>>
No. 673212 ID: 65a774
File 144339426477.png - (45.33KB , 686x526 , 57.png )
673212

:BriannahSB: ‘ere… my answer. A bracelet of my own.
:KronosSB: It’s… what kind of jewel is that?
:BriannahSB: It’s not actually a jewel, but an crystalized eye of an ice wyvern. I ‘unted and killed one last winter and… I was going to put both of them on my sword before I ‘new ‘ow this little ritual of ye works. Now I guess my blade matches ye wrist, eh?
:KronosSB: Thank you for the bracelet, Bri.
:BriannahSB: And ‘ere’s my next surprise.
:KronosSB: …a gun?
:BriannahSB: Not any gun, but a so called Singing Dragon. Made out of the finest silver, bound in the finest arcane bonds, able to both function as a fire as well as an ice elemental gun.
:KronosSB: A dual gun!? I… I’ve only heard rumors of these… I… I don’t…
:BriannahSB: Yah like it?
:KronosSB: I...
:BriannahSB: Oh, and if it is too heavy, then the ornament dragon is removable.
:KronosSB: I…
>>
No. 673213 ID: 3663d3

kiss de gurl
>>
No. 673214 ID: e53541

Kiss her you fool
>>
No. 673215 ID: 9ddf68

how the... where did you...I'm speechless.

wait this is only 2, what's the last surprise?
>>
No. 673219 ID: 0fc976

"-VARK!" Oops, got a little over-excited there.

And suprisement number three?
>>
No. 673284 ID: 2ccbb3

So, is anyone going to ruin this moment? Because that would still be funny.
>>
No. 673307 ID: 7b933d

I'm guessing the last surprise is for later on... go on, make it happen. Kiss her.
>>
No. 673381 ID: 9c9538

>>673212
Can we get your other gun to look the same but in white? We Dante now!

>>673213
DOO EEETTT!
Then ask about the third surprise 'wink wink' 'nudge nudge'
>>
No. 673426 ID: 65a774
File 144345654817.png - (33.20KB , 686x526 , 58.png )
673426

>how the... where did you...I'm speechless.
:BriannahSB: I came ‘ere prepared, didn’t I?
:KronosSB: Still…
:BriannahSB: ‘nowing ye custom was easy… and it’s is apparently well ‘nown that yah ‘ave a thing for guns.
:KronosSB: I… don’t know what to… thank you.
:BriannahSB: Heh, It seems we made each other speechless today, eh?
>Kiss her you fool.
With her both being taller than you and having a snout instead of a beak, you’re having a hard time going in for the kill, so to speak.
:BriannahSB: …what are yah doing?
:KronosSB: Err… t-trying to kiss you?
:BriannahSB: Never kissed a bigger woman before? Or one with a snout?
:KronosSB: Err… n-no?
:BriannahSB: Hehe, don’t worry, I’ll give yah plenty of practice soon enough.

>wait this is only two, what's the last surprise?
:BriannahSB: That yah get to choose this time.
:KronosSB: …choose what?
:BriannahSB: Do yah want to wear the collar or ‘old the leach?
:KronosSB: Err…
:BriannahSB: Don’t worry, no matter what yah choose, I’m sure there will be a lot of “kissing”, heh.
:KronosSB: *gulp*
>>
No. 673427 ID: eff89c

what whoa

slow down woman

This is... really out there for a first time. And don't let her bait or bully you into it either, it's the principle of the thing; this is not how a marriage ought to be consummated.
>>
No. 673430 ID: 2a7417

My word; this is an Illasian imageboard dear madam! Why, next you're going to ask that we, we, h-hold hands! I would faint at the very idea of what she's suggesting, good sir.

Kronos is no Zack Nguyen, I'm afraid.
>>
No. 673431 ID: 6545d2

Woah. Is this a regular thing for her people or does she just like bondage?

>>673430
>Kronos is no Zack Nguyen, I'm afraid.
No, he isn't. Unfortunate, seeing as he could use a little of the old Nguyen charm right about now.
>>
No. 673442 ID: 714a94

Knew it. Anyways, stare wide eyed, look taken aback. Try to (cleverly) talk your way to the traditional stuff.

...if not, trying to hold the leash might be the best for you.
>>
No. 673454 ID: d44a25

Holding the collar will just lead to unsatisfactory results due to your inexperience.

I'm afraid you'll just have to wear the leash
>>
No. 673467 ID: 9ddf68

>>673426
...
...
well that just changed the mood quick.

But god damn women, It's been two days. Do you normally move this quick with all your dates?

if you do go along with this however just remember
LOCK. ALL. DOORS. AND. SHUT. ALL. BLINDS. ON. YOUR. WINDOWS.
NO one will ever let you live this down if they walk in on you if you go through with this.
>>
No. 673476 ID: ffff7c

Fill your heart with determination, Prince.
Choosing either, or even declining, takes courage, which she clearly admires you for.
>>
No. 673483 ID: 90f3c0

Give in to your secret submissive desires, wear the collar.
>>
No. 673487 ID: eff89c

>>673483
Don't do this if you want to sit comfortably for the foreseeable future.
>>
No. 673489 ID: 9c9538

>Do yah want to wear the collar or ‘old the leach?
Ttthhis is entirely up to you but maybe it will help you overcome your fears to give yourself over to her.
>>
No. 673491 ID: dce124

Heh... Clever, Very Clever, She wants us to use our favors apparently... Remember we still have those favors right? Maybe is the time to use them. Or If you are into this sort of thing, go for it.
>>
No. 673492 ID: 2ccbb3

Right. Mood spoiled.

I suggest that you spend the rest of the day playing a tactical war game based on the current situation in the south. Practice your tactics. Briannah needs to learn that getting into someone's pants does not mean CHOKING THEM TO DEATH WHILE WHIPPING THEIR ASS TO EASE THE PAIN OF A @#$%ING PORCUPINE DOWN ONE OF THEIR HOLES before you'll consent to the sexual part of your relationship.

And attach the collar to one of your dad's hunting trophies. Or Belseth.
>>
No. 673503 ID: 8e74a6

You dont have sn experience with the leash so >>673483
>>
No. 673504 ID: 211d83

As entertaining as some of the thoughts racing through my head are I was hoping to start things off on a equal footing. Would rather our relationship be one of equals than one of us lording over the other.

So while something like this might be fun later for now maybe something a bit more normal?

Just watch the whole collar leash thing will end up being something entirely unrelated to sex.
>>
No. 673506 ID: 0fc976

I will give you all of my favors to pretend that never happened.
>>
No. 673517 ID: 350a50

Shake your head and nod meaningfully at the band.

If you're going to go through with some weird sub/dom thing she has it's later, behind locked doors, in private.
>>
No. 673591 ID: c43722

Gingerly take the leash and collar from Briannah and say you've never done anything involving this kind of thing before, but you're willing to try new things at least once to see if you like them or not... Actually, you aren't really that sure of all it means to wear it or hold the leash. You've read a bit on what you think this kink is but not much and it was awhile ago and you don't know how accurate the text was. If you remember correctly, the one in the collar submits themselves to the direction of the one who holds the leash, but Bri might have another idea here. To be sure you both have the same idea, ask Bri to tell you what wearing the collar here means to her.

Assuming this is what you think it is... You find the thought of being in either position equally intriguing and exhilarating. You want to try both, but you doubt you have the endurance to get through both of them tonight, so... You'll put the collar on at first. You don't know what satisfies Bri in bed, so submitting yourself to her here will be like getting a guided tour of just what does it for her. That knowledge will come in handy later when you're the one holding the leash.

Remember that spot on her lower back at the base of her tail that made Bri purr when you scrubbed it in the bath? It's likely an erogenous zone for Sakkilians so massage her there if you get the chance here.

>That yah get to choose this time.
Wait... "This time?" That implies that you won't get to choose next time... Or more than just next time. Ask Bri to clarify who chooses each time. You figure who chooses will alternate between you, but she may have another plan in mind. As long as you both get to choose a roughly equal amount of times you won't object.

...Looking at Briannah's huge stature compared to you, then down at her very wide hips, a unwelcome phrase suddenly pops into your mind: "Like throwing a sausage down a hallway." ...You have a feeling that the size difference is going to be a issue in more ways here than just kissing. Perhaps ask Bri if she knows things you can do to compensate.
>>
No. 673745 ID: 65a774
File 144355564699.png - (26.96KB , 686x526 , 59.png )
673745

>Fill your heart with determination, Prince.
Knowing that one day you will tap that fills you with DETERMINATION!

<3 SaveReturn

>LOCK. ALL. DOORS. AND. SHUT. ALL. BLINDS. ON. YOUR. WINDOWS.
BAR. ALL. DOORS. BARRICADE. ALL. WINDOWS.
>Clever, Very Clever, She wants us to use our favors apparently... Remember we still have those favors right?
Err… hehe, yes, of course… she’s not actually… um… serious, is she?

>Stare wide eyed, look taken aback.
:BriannahSB: …yah’re at a loss of words, eh? Just nod and I’ll choose for yah… heh…
>what whoa, slow down woman.
:BriannahSB: …slow down?
>This is... really out there for a first time.
:BriannahSB: Well, if yah wish… then we can take it a bit easy?

>Do you normally move this quick with all your dates?
:BriannahSB: Ah, of course not.
:KronosSB: So… you’re just extra eager to bed me?
:BriannahSB: Nah, I usually do it on the first date, not the second. I’m just taking it slow because I like yah.
:KronosSB: …this is slow!?
>Is this a regular thing for her people or does she just like bondage?
:BriannahSB: Bondage?
:KronosSB: Isn’t that what this is?
:BriannahSB: It’s not like I want to tie yah up or anything. It’s just a domination thing. Whoever isn’t wearing the collar gets to direct the flow… the pace… the act, so to speak. It’s not like I want yah to degrade or ‘urt yeself.
>Ask Bri to clarify who chooses each time.
:BriannahSB: Why, we discuss it like adults, of course. See who wants to do what… and then maybe even change in the middle too, if yah ‘ave to balls for it~

>Don't let her bait or bully you into it either.
:BriannahSB: Aw, come on, it will be fun~
:KronosSB:
:BriannahSB: I’ll own yah a favor?
:KronosSB:
:BriannahSB: Can yah really say no to this?
:KronosSB:
:BriannahSB: Pretty please?
:KronosSB: …a-are you pouting!?
:BriannahSB: Maybe?
:KronosSB: H-hey, stop it with those puppy dog eyes! They don’t work when you’re twice the size of me!

>…You have a feeling that the size difference is going to be an issue in more ways here than just kissing. Perhaps ask Bri if she knows things you can do to compensate.
:BriannahSB: Oh, please, yah’re practically the same size as any Sakkilian guy. I’m not that freaking big, am I? I mean, all Sakkilian women are bigger then the males, so we kind of… compensate for it, I guess?
>As entertaining as some of the thoughts racing through my head are I was hoping to start things off on an equal footing.
:BriannahSB: Well… if yah want to do it without the collar, sure.
:KronosSB: Err… well…
:BriannahSB: And if yah really think we are going to fast we can just cuddle?
:KronosSB: That do-
:BrannahSB: Cuddle naked? With a lot of kisses and ‘ugs? …and maybe a bit of grinding and thrusting?
:KronosSB: …that’s not cuddling at all!

>this is not how a marriage ought to be consummated.
>Give in to your secret submissive desires, wear the collar.
Err…
>I would faint at the very idea of what she's suggesting, good sir.
>I'm afraid you'll just have to wear the leash
Um…
>Don't do this if you want to sit comfortably for the foreseeable future.
>You don't know what satisfies Bri in bed, so submitting yourself to her here will be like getting a guided tour of just what does it for her.
Gnt…
>I will give you all of my favors to pretend that never happened.
>This is entirely up to you but maybe it will help you overcome your fears to give yourself over to her.


…you’re rather conflicted on what to do right now…

:BriannahSB: So… are we going to stand ‘ere all day… or do yah want to ‘elp me warm up the bed? I mean, if yah really aren’t ready I can wait… but… just think about what yah’ll be missing, ‘un…
:KronosSB: I… I… I need some fresh air…
:BriannahSB: …yah’re already outside?
:KronosSB: Oh…
>>
No. 673747 ID: 2a7417

Fashion an escape rope from the bedsheets and toss it over the balcony.
>>
No. 673748 ID: 7b7ab3

This is getting ridiculous.

You are not some blushing virgin. This is not your first time. You clearly want to tap that. You are not convincing anybody otherwise.

Does she come on a little strong? Yes. But she is willing to work with you to make the experience an enjoyable one for both of you.

Eventually this indecisiveness is going to cause more problems than it's worth, so why not just nut up now and try and have a good time?
>>
No. 673749 ID: 808077

I was going to say go right ahead sans the collar, but she the more she talks, the less of a good idea it sounds like. 'just' a domination thing? On day two? And the way she's really pushing for it doesn't bode well either.

Also you may want to enjoy being a tease while you can.
>>
No. 673750 ID: b2192d

Do you trust her? Bondage is a trust exercise at heart; putting yourself in someone else's hands while being vulnerable. If you trust her do it, if don't, then don't.

If did do it though, it would definitely be something unforgettable.
>>
No. 673751 ID: 9ddf68

fuck if this is what she plans after 2 days I wonder what she'll have cooked up in a week, a month, OH GOD what will she have planned for the honeymoon once you two officially get hitched?

I'm honestly hesitant to say yes as this is happen really damn fast. And when the impulsive guy who barely ever thinks things through is saying something is moving to fast there's probably something to what he's saying.

If you do go for bedding her go WITHOUT the collar at the very least. Also don't let her get on top of you as she'd crush you and depending on how far you go, be wary of her teeth.
>>
No. 673753 ID: ea0ad9

Her definition of "Cuddling" will have to do for tonight. Even with your overcomings of your fear, it's still there, and being "Lesser" would bring them out, while being "Greater" may just have concequences. It will be nice to grow accustomed to being with a Sakkilian, especially since you're going to be marrying one, and that's... Really the best way you'll have.
>>
No. 673781 ID: 350a50

>>673753
This. Tell her that you want to, but your phobia is an obstacle that'll take some time to get over. You're not confident that you're experienced enough to hold the leash and still make it enjoyable for her, but you're still too afraid to take the collar and feel vulnerable.
>>
No. 673802 ID: 0fc976

"Cuddling" will be just fine for now, yes.
>>
No. 673806 ID: 6b3d42

I like how that cuddling sounds, yes.
>>
No. 673808 ID: e59994

>>673750
>>
No. 673835 ID: 2ccbb3

Wow, that puppy-dog eye might be useful! Briannah might need to find a way to replace her left eye though...

This isn't the healthiest way to ease tensions. Maybe it might be useful after certain events but right now you're just creeped out.

Use the collar on something funny.
>>
No. 673868 ID: c43722

Lean on the balcony parapet, look up at the sky and take deep calming breaths until you get your thoughts back into some sort of order and your heart isn't hammering away at the inside of your chest so hard. Once you have, turn around and tell Briannah that you don't feel comfortable with using the collar in either way right now. With all that's been going on, you just want to stay closer to your comfort zone tonight. She can understand that, right? Though, that doesn't mean she can't expand your horizons a bit in other ways tonight. You

Walk over and hug Bri close, look up at her and say lets head in so she can get on to showing you how to kiss her, and then - lowering your hands to her rump and giving a solid squeeze - the many other ways to "kiss" her.

When you two head in don't forget to gather up your bracelet from Briannah and the Singing Dragon (oh gods, you still can't believe she got you a dual gun) and stash them safely away. You don't want to leave them out on the balcony overnight, now do you?

You can quick-dress, which means you can also quick-undress, right? So when the time comes, see if you can impress Bri with how fast you can shed your clothes... And maybe surprise her with how quick you can get hers off as well. That is, unless she wants to show off how fast she can disrobe too.

You do still owe Bri that complete body scrub from yesterday, don't ya? How 'bout asking if she'd like to call that in tonight. Your bathroom's tub isn't nearly as large as the big bath downstairs, but it's big enough; Sharing it may be a bit tight, but we can manage. Though, maybe she'd want to wait until we can get to the big bath so that we have room to comfortably maneuver; Perhaps tomorrow right after morning exercises? Scrubbing (and "scrubbing") each other squeaky clean would be a nice start to the day, wouldn't it? ...Actually, you think you'd like to do that tomorrow morning whether Bri calls in what you owe or not.
>>
No. 673985 ID: 8ddf65

Relationships are built on trust. If you really trust this woman, if you really feel like getting a true understanding of the person you're gonna marry, of the person who's supposedly gonna help you bring together two nations torn apart by war into a peaceful alliance against mutual enemies...

then you will put on that damn collar.
>>
No. 673987 ID: c43722

>>673985
Why is it that those of us who say to use the collar keep calling for Kronos to wear it and not Briannah? Thinking on it, having Kronos in charge and keeping things at his pace sounds like it'd actually be better for easing him into this than going submissive right out. Sure there'll be missteps, but Bri knows he's inexperienced at this kinda thing and is forgiving. She's undoubtedly had experience introducing such things to her lovers before and she'll offer her guidance if things go awry.

Considering that, I'd say start off with non-euphemistic kissing and cuddling, then when the clothes come off go to Bri wearing the collar while Kronos gets used to her. Then later on switch it up to see how he likes being the sub. There's plenty of time left in the evening so no need to rush or choose just one thing, right? So try all the things!
>>
No. 674004 ID: a4e757

Ok so its just deciding who takes the lead then.

I would say you should for the first time. You have had more issues to deal with and being in the drivers seat will let you take things at your own pace.

For all your nervousness you are attracted to her and there is no time like the present.
>>
No. 674011 ID: 2a7417

>>673987
Agreed. Given his aggressive and rash personality, he would not be cowed so easily into the collar, for better or worse. Even so, I want nothing to do with that thing.
>>
No. 674389 ID: 65a774
File 144380369303.png - (28.95KB , 686x526 , 60.png )
674389

>Fashion an escape rope from the bedsheets and toss it over the balcony.
That would be highly impractical. First off, to get bedsheets you need to go to your bedroom, which is right past the door EXITING YOUR ROOM. Second, you already have a bundle of rope stashed in your room, just in case… and lastly, it would be rude escaping from the balcony right in front of her.
>Don't forget to gather up your bracelet from Briannah and the Singing Dragon.
Of course not. These two are going too kept under a tight lock and key.
>Do you trust her?
…err, well… more than some others, you guess?
>Be wary of her teeth.
Note to self, her giving oral is way out.
>It would definitely be something unforgettable.
That might not be a good thing…

>Tell her that you want to, but your phobia is an obstacle that'll take some time to get over.
:BriannahSB: Ah, yes, I almost forgot about that. Then I guess, if you aren’t ready…
>You have had more issues to deal with and being in the drivers seat will let you take things at your own pace. Make her wear the collar.
:BriannahSB: Alright, I’ll wear to collar then, which means we’ll take this in your pace.
:KronosSB: Nice and easy…
:BriannahSB: Oh, and the safe word is banana.
:KronosSB: Banana?
:BriannahSB: ‘ow often do yah scream that word on top of ye lungs when yah’re in the act?
:KronosSB: Err… fine, banana it is. Just… don’t get your hopes up that one of us will use it today.
:BriannahSB: Oh, but it’s good to know for future use.
>You do still owe Bri that complete body scrub from yesterday, don't ya? How 'bout asking if she'd like to call that in tonight.
:BriannahSB: In ye tiny little tub? Eh, I rather wait until we’re in the big tub in the basement if that’s alright for yah.

>Cuddling will be just fine for now, yes.
:BriannahSB: Of course, my sweet prince…
:KronosSB: And I mean cuddling, not… whatever you described.
:BriannahSB: Aw, yah’re no fun…
>Lets head in so she can get on to showing you how to kiss her.
:BriannahSB: Well… yah can start by growing a few feet taller…
:KronosSB: …Bri…
:BriannahSB: …Then growing a snout with actual lips… or… yah can just do this!
:KronosSB: MMFF!!

[End of another day…]
>>
No. 674390 ID: 65a774
File 144380370509.png - (47.45KB , 686x526 , 61.png )
674390

:KronosSB: Urgh… c-cold… mmm… d-damn these b-beds are hard…

:KronosSB: …B-Briannah? Dammit, your hand is so cold…
>>
No. 674391 ID: 3841ea

Is this the kind of relationship you wanted?

Also that's totally a skeleton. Spooky. Open your eyes and realize you aren't where you fell asleep, try not to scream like a girl or make that 'VARK' sound.
>>
No. 674393 ID: 2a7417

You must be dreaming again. Now, what horny skeletons are you aware of? That's right, only one. I think Xuv is trying to make a muv on you.
>>
No. 674394 ID: a4e757

Pretend you are still asleep.
>>
No. 674397 ID: 0ed6e9

Oh great, we're dreaming. I'd say just try and go back to sleep and hope the dream expires by the next time you wake up.
>>
No. 674406 ID: 30ff44

If it is Xuv, She probably is angry at us for rejecting to "play" with Briannah
>>
No. 674425 ID: e114bc

That's not Xuv. This is a nightmare. Did Xuv say her protection would only last one night? It kinda seems like that's what happened. Or maybe you weren't close enough to Briannah this time.

Get up. Look around.
>>
No. 674464 ID: c43722

...You realize through your dozy haze there's something off here. It's a midsummer night so your room shouldn't be cold even with the windows open, your bed most definitely shouldn't be hard, and from recent personal experience you're certain Briannah is quite warm... Though she may be touching you with her prosthetic hand, which might be cold, but she took that off before coming to bed, didn't she? And on top of all that, she isn't spooning you like you'd expect. Yeah, things are very off here.

>Urgh… c-cold… mmm… d-damn these b-beds are hard…
"Beds?" Weren't you and Bri sharing your bed? When did you get another bed?

Lay still and listen intently for any sound. Sniff the air for anything odd. Feel what's covering you, what you're laying on, then feel Briannah's hand; Try to keep your composure if it feels wrong since you're probably in a dream right now. Then open your eyes and look at what your bed is and then at Bri; Keep in mind that this is a dream so don't freak out when you see her. Then sit up and look and feel yourself over to check if anything is out of place or wrong before you look around.

How was your first time with Briannah? Things went satisfactorily for the both of you? Briannah didn't seem to be disappointed that you choose not to be submissive or bored that you weren't going at her pace? And how educational was it for you? You find out if Sakkilians gals taste sweet all over?

>Note to self, her giving oral is way out.
You really think the Sakkilians haven't figured out how to do fellatio without harming the one receiving it? You know they undoubtedly have. And, given her obviously extensive experience, Briannah very likely is well practiced at it. Just ask her about it and you'll find you'll have no worries of a painful and very embarrassing trip to the medical wing if she goes down on you.

>>674406
But Kronos did "play" with Briannah; He put the collar on her, and then they went all the way at his pace... Didn't they? It seemed to be going that way.
>>
No. 674557 ID: ea0ad9

>Cold hand
Aside from the temperature, how's that hand feel? ...Better be another vision, or you having a dream, or something.
>>
No. 674575 ID: 0ed6e9

>You really think the Sakkilians haven't figured out how to do fellatio without harming the one receiving it?
you realize that all it would take is one little sneeze and we're off on a very painful trip to the medical ward right? And if you don't think it would just take in mind that Varks do have feathers that could brush across her snout, especially if she isn't use to giving head to Varks.
>>