[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 650922)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 41599 unique user posts. View catalog

File 143535136908.png - (53.74KB , 687x524 , 1.png )
650922 No. 650922 ID: 65a774

Also known as “Let’s learn how to freaking draw” quest.
Expand all images
>>
No. 650923 ID: 65a774
File 143535138004.png - (71.33KB , 687x524 , 2.png )
650923

:MomSB: …hmm? Oh, you’re awake, my little dove.
:NonSB: …Momma?
:MomSB: Don’t worry, dove, we’ll be home soon enough… safe and sound… … …Now, how about we train some of that talking of yours, my little prince. Can you say who I am?
:NonSB: Momma!
:MomSB: That’s right… and who is the king?
:NonSB: …Poppa?
:MomSB: That’s correct, my dove… now, what’s your name, sweetie? You’re Prince…?
:NonSB:
:MomSB: Come on, dove, you can do it. Prince…?

You’re the youngest Prince of the Mediean family… but what is your name?

Common male names among the Vark populace are: Alexander, Apollo, Cricios, Eos, Erion, Helios, Kronos, Neried, Nessus and Yugar.
>>
No. 650924 ID: 334db2

Daedalus.
>>
No. 650925 ID: ab7529

Cricios
>>
No. 650926 ID: 9ddf68

cronos
>>
No. 650927 ID: 9297f4

Kronos
>>
No. 650930 ID: d3be40

Yugar
>>
No. 650932 ID: bd8b82

krios
>>
No. 650940 ID: 02d9ae

Kronos
>>
No. 650943 ID: 57d76a

Helios.
>>
No. 650951 ID: ba3347

Dio
>>
No. 650955 ID: 65a774
File 143535887506.png - (68.93KB , 687x524 , 3.png )
650955

:NonSB: Kro… Krrro…
:MomSB: You’re almost there, dove…
:NonSB: Krrrono…
:MomSB: Hehe, almost, dear. It’s Kronos. You’re my little Prince Kronos. But don’t you fret, it’s a hard word after a- …that’s odd, w-why are we stopping… N-never mind that, dove, how about… h-how about we kill s- I mean, spend some time reading about y-your favorite heroine? Would you like that, dove?
:NonSB: Yeah…
:MomSB: Let’s see… what was it she was so good at again?

Choose 2 strengths and 1 weakness, or 3 strengths and 2 weaknesses.

Strong / weak
Strength: You’re muscular and strong. You have no problem lifting even the heaviest of weights.
Weakness: You’re weak and have problems lifting anything heavier than a thick book or two.

Agile / Clumsy
Strength: You’re quick and well-coordinated in all your moments.
Weakness: Wherever you go, things tend to break for some odd reason.

Well-trained / Untrained
Strength: You can run and jump for hours without losing your breath.
Weakness: Jogging for a few minutes will have you gasping for air.

Intelligent / -
Strength: You’re well-read and know most things.

Wise / -
Strength: You seem more experienced than your age would indicate.

Charismatic / Unlikable
Strength: You can get anyone to listen to what you have to say.
Weakness: You have a hard time knowing when to shut up.

Light / Heavy
Strength: You’re light on your feet. No one can hear you walk around and you have no problem climbing or lifting your own weight.
Weakness: You’re robust and heavy. Even if you’re strong you will have a hard time lifting your own weight.

Patient / impulsive
Strength: You know how to take your time and think things through.
Weakness: NO TIME! CHOOSE THIS NOW!!

Courageous / Coward
Strength: You can face your greatest fears and conquer them.
Weakness: OH GOD, WHAT WAS THAT SOUND!?

Altruistic / Selfish
Strength: You’re kind hearted and think about others happiness first.
Weakness: IT’S ALL ABOUT ME!

- / Stubborn
Weakness: What do you mean, I’m wrong? I’m never wrong!

Confident / Low self-esteem
Strength: You’re confident in your opinions and deeds.
Weakness: You’re… err… you know… um… never mind… you’ll just… sit in the corner over there… yeah…

Calm / Aggressive
Strength: You’re nearly impossible to anger.
Weakness: You’re easy to ange- WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT, TAFFER!?

Diligent / Lazy
Strength: You’re reliable and always makes sure the work is done.
Weakness: …

Humble / Prideful
Strength: You’re just another Vark.
Weakness: You’re the biggest, best and most beautiful Vark ever! YOU’RE THE PRINCE! LORD OF THE REALM!

- / Bad eyesight
Weakness: You’re nearly blind without your glasses. (Note: Even if you don’t pick this weakness, you might still need glasses depending on your choices, though you won’t be helpless without them.)

Note: You can’t choose things that contradict each other, like strong and weak.

----------

Also choose 1 skill you excel at, or choose 2 skills you excel at and 1 skill you’re a complete failure with.

Archery: You know how to hit the bullseye with a bow and arrow.
Athletics: Running, Climbing, Jumping, Throwing etc…
Bluffing: You know how to lie… I mean, tell the truth.
Cooking: You know how to make a killer meal.
Dancing: You don’t have two left feet.
Fast reader: You plow through books like they were cheap, two copper whores.
Games: Board games, dice games, card games, you’ve mastered them all.
Gunplay: You know your way around these newfangled magical guns that was just introduced.
Hunting: You know how to stalk and kill a wild animal.
Fishing: Did you see the one I caught last time? It was THIS big!
Leadership: You know how make people follow your commands.
Music: You know how to play an instrument.
Painting: And then we paint a tiny little tree down in this corner here…
Sleight of hand: You’re quick with your fingers, easily making a coin disappear into nothing.
Speech Craft: You know how to argue for your cause.
Swordsmanship: You know how to wield a sword.
Writing: You know how to write something more emotional than a grocery list.

Note: These choices are more vital for determining your core personality then actually being used in the coming story.
Second Note: You might still be proficient with some of the skills that you don’t choose depending on your earlier choices.
>>
No. 650957 ID: d3be40

She's obviously not 100% honest, but you're fresh off the boat and prone to artillery fire.

Strengths: Intelligent, Agile, Diligent.

Weaknesses: Selfish, Coward.

Skills: Gunplay, Speechcraft.
Detriments: Dancing (Your training in how to stab people via freestyle moves has made you VERY prone to twisting during a tango, while your partner just stares in confusion instead of willingly receiving a knife in the back.)
>>
No. 650963 ID: 08f4b2

> Kid traveling with noble parent, carriage comes to an unexpected stop and parent is extremely worried
Pretty sure there is only one way this sort of scenario turns out, and it involves running around in a cape because OUR PARENTS ARE DEEEEEEAD.
With that in mind...

Strengths:
Agile
Light
Courageous
Athletics +
Hunting +

Weaknesses:
Stubborn
Aggressive
Gunplay -
>>
No. 650965 ID: 46df9e

Agile Patient and Confident
Prideful and Aggressive

Good Gunplay and Speechcraft
Bad Cooking
>>
No. 650966 ID: ab7529

>Krrrono
Sure, we're Crono.

>strengths
Charismatic+
Intelligent+
Light+

Impulsive-
Bad eyesight-

>skills
Archery+ (when you can see)
Speech Craft+

Bluffing-
>>
No. 650972 ID: 9ddf68

>Agile+
>Confident+
impulsive-

>Dancing+
>Music+
Cooking-
not sure why but I feel like making a gypsy like character for some reason.
>>
No. 650993 ID: 334db2

Intelligent
Courageous
charismatic
low self-esteem
impulsive
gunplay+
athletics+
cooking-
>>
No. 651040 ID: eb385b

Strength: Strong Agile Light Fast reader Leadership
Weakness: Prideful Unlikable Bluffing
>>
No. 651090 ID: 65a774
File 143541752974.png - (70.18KB , 687x524 , 4.png )
651090

>Agile+++++
>Light+++
>Intelligent+++
You’re quick with both your mind and feet as well as light as a feather.

>Impulsive---
>Aggressive--
Thought you tend to act first and think later as well as being quick to anger.

>Gunplay+++
>Speech Craft+++
As for other skills, you’ve been a neutral at wielding magic silver ever since they were invented, as well as wielding a silver tongue whenever your impulsiveness got you into trouble.

>Cooking---
But the five gods help us if someone leaves you in the kitchen alone. Never again.


:MomSB: Ah, yes, she is quite the rouge, isn’t she? So, shall we continue were we left o-

You hear some kind of commotion outside the cart, a symphony of singing steel and yelling voices followed by a thick silence…

:NonSB: Momma?
:MomSB: …D-d-don’t pay that any mind, dove, i-instead let’s… err… l-let’s continue r-reading, a-alright?

With a click, the lock on the cart door becomes undone…
>>
No. 651091 ID: 65a774
File 143541753603.png - (80.07KB , 687x524 , 5.png )
651091

:MomSB: Wait, w-who’s th- NO, PLEASE, WE’RE-
>>
No. 651092 ID: 65a774
File 143541754322.png - (21.74KB , 687x524 , 6.png )
651092

:MomSB: AAAAAAA-
>>
No. 651094 ID: 65a774
File 143541758543.png - (29.65KB , 684x524 , 7.png )
651094

:KronosSB: -AAAAH!!
:NonSB: Sir? Are you alright?
:KronosSB: I… I… it was just…
:NonSB: Another nightmare, sir?
:KronosSB: …yeah… the one about the start of the war… and mom…
:NonSB: While I understand you’re still a bit shaken, sir, I hate to inform you that you’ve overslept on this important day…
:KronosSB: Overslept? Why didn’t you wake me up!?
:NonSB: [Aggressive] I tried too, sir, but you threw a shoe at me and… said some things that’s best not repeated in polite company.
:KronosSB: …oh.
>>
No. 651099 ID: 334db2

So what is today? Get ready as quickly as you can.
>>
No. 651100 ID: eb385b

Get ready and say sorry
>>
No. 651101 ID: a599c3

>>651094
Even though it isnt very much your fault, an apology seems proper.
After that, get ready for whatever you have upcoming.
>>
No. 651107 ID: ab7529

Invoke speech craft. If there's one thing you're used to, it's having to cover for / make up for some of your more impulsive or aggressive reactions.

And then rely on your being quick and light for speedy getting dressed and rushing off to where you're supposed to be.
>>
No. 651113 ID: d3be40

Grab your best bounty hunter armor and some weapons. Look badass for the meeting.
>>
No. 651134 ID: 65a774
File 143543063875.png - (51.23KB , 684x524 , 8.png )
651134

>So what is today?
You’d almost forgotten. Today is a special day, as today is the day when you’ll meet your future bride to be. Ten lucky girls, daughters of lords and barons from all over the kingdom will come here today and one will be handpicked by you to become a princess.
>Invoke speech craft.
:KronosSB: [Speech craft] Then please accept my sincerest apologizes, Cain, but you know how people are in the mornings. In fact, I do have to thank you for putting up with all I’ve done over the years… and for being a great, loyal friend… and I do love that sarcasm of yours. I do believe I have to consider giving you a bit of a bonus on your next paycheck…
:CainSB: …have you by any chance snuck into your fathers private wine cellar again, sir?
:KronosSB: See… just like that. Keep it up, friend.
:CainSB: I’ll need to consider if I should accept that bonus in liquid form after all this, sir…

>And then rely on your being quick and light for speedy getting dressed and rushing off to where you're supposed to be.
[Agile] With lightning speed you clean yourself up and throw yourself into a nice, regal costume, dusting yourself off even before the coverlet on your bed hits the floor.

:KronosSB: Record time!
:CainSB: Should I inform the masses of this great deed you’ve achieved today, my sire?
:KronosSB: Hmm… maybe next time, Cain.

>Grab your best bounty hunter armor and some weapons. Look badass for the meeting.
While it would be what some would call “FREAKING SWEET” to show off in front of those girls with some badass armor and weapons, it’s sadly one of the duties of the royal family to look a bit more proper then that… but… hmmm…

:KronosSB: [Impulsive] Cain, should it be improper if I was wearing my finest gun?
:CainSB: I would advise against it, sir.
:KronosSB: …you’re probably right, as usual… Now, off to find me a bride!
:CainSB: You seems rather happy for someone who is about to be forced to wed someone you’ve never met.
:KronosSB: Well, there are ten of them, isn’t it. While I might not fall in love in any of them, I’m bound to find someone that I enjoy being with… or at least find attractive.
:CainSB: …that’s very optimistic of you, sir.
:KronosSB: Sometimes you just got to be happy with a half full glass, Cain… especially if it’s an expensive spirit or the like…

:CainSB: Sir, not to shatter your half full glass but, before we head to the great hall I do have some bad news, I’m afraid.
:KronosSB: Really? Did one of the girls not make it in time?
:CainSB: Actually, there’s been some changes, sir… there will only be one girl for you to… “choose” from… and she won’t be from the kingdom either.
:KronosSB: …Really? Then where is she from?
:CainSB: …do you know why today is such an important day, Sire?
:KronosSB: …it’s nearly exactly three years ago my brother was killed in the war?
:CainSB: Not that personal… but it’s connected with that event, sir.
:KronosSB: [Intelligence] Oh, right, it’s exactly three years ago we wrote that peace treaty with those lizard bastards, isn’t it?
:CainSB: …I believe they prefer the term Sakkilian, sir.
:KronosSB: [Aggressive] They’ve slain two people of my very blood. They can call themselves slime balls for all I care. They are lizard bastards and nothing more.
:CainSB: … …I’m sure your father, the king, would appreciate if you keep comments like that to yourself… especially at time like these when we need every ally we can find…
:KronosSB: I don’t really see how we can ever call those… things… wait… why did you even bring that up in the… wait…
>>
No. 651135 ID: 65a774
File 143543064618.png - (39.06KB , 684x524 , 9.png )
651135

:KronosSB: [Intelligence][Fear] P-poppa is g-going to m-marry me t-to a freaking LIZARD!?
:CainSB: …correct, sire.
:KronosSB:
:CainSB:
:KronosSB: [Impulsive][Aggressive][Fear]…Cain, get my gun…
:CainSB: …really, sir?
>>
No. 651156 ID: 46df9e

Fine, no gun; get me to the kitchen and I'll treat her to a gourmet meal I made myself.
>>
No. 651157 ID: dbe554

Do try and remember that calling them "Lizard" is considered a slur by their measure, offensively so. But we will need something to steel ourselves against the fact they are here.
>>
No. 651158 ID: ab7529

...has father even considered the problem of succession? I am no expert in biology, but I am reasonably certain creatures of different species, much less different taxonomical classes, cannot reproduce.

Assuming I can even stand the sight of her, which is a rather generous assumption.

I suddenly no longer regret being late.

>bring gun
>…really, sir?
A gun combined with impulsive aggressive fear does sound like a disaster waiting to happen. Especially since our skill means we can't even rely on a miss.
>>
No. 651160 ID: d3be40

Can't you just spend some time inventing lightning bracers, so that you can punch your new fiancée in the face and be socially applauded for the new advance in technology?

No?

Okay, fine. But if you're going to cause an international incident, YOU NEED COLLATERAL. Even the king can't let you off if your pre-meditated actions cause the slaughter of your people. You need a basic plan for what happens when you assault your date, start thinking!
>>
No. 651163 ID: 334db2

No gun, we're going to use guilt. Papa, you lied to me. And as long as my mother and brother look down on me from heaven, I will not get married to one of those murderers.
>>
No. 651168 ID: 66415b

Triy to com down and read a book about Sakkilian culture
>>
No. 651178 ID: 2916ca

Ask ho is the Sakkilian
>>
No. 651179 ID: bd8b82

>>651163
yes guilt trip
>>
No. 651212 ID: 01774f

Don't make her a meal yourself
>>
No. 651217 ID: 65a774
File 143544457697.png - (37.22KB , 684x524 , 10.png )
651217

>Do try and remember that calling them "Lizard" is considered a slur by their measure, offensively so.
[Aggressive] You make a mental note to get a thesaurus and look up as many synonyms of lizard as you can find.
:CainSB: Sir, might I ask that you please not try to start another genocidal, decades long war over petty insults?
:KronosSB: Fine…
>I suddenly no longer regret being late.
:CainSB: Well, you’re in luck, sir, it seems your soon to be bride is also late.
:KronosSB: Right… luck…

>A gun combined with impulsive aggressive fear does sound like a disaster waiting to happen.
:CainSB: And thus no guns allowed, sir. Do not fret; I will take good care of your toys while you’re away with the grownups.
>Fine, no gun; get me to the kitchen and I'll treat her to a gourmet meal I made myself.
:CainSB: Sir, you know you’re not allowed in the kitchen after last time. They are still repairing the floor in the basement, two floors below it.
:KronosSB: Now you’re just exaggerating…
:CainSB: Sadly, sir, I’m not.

:KronosSB: [Intelligence]Hmm… right, so… if I would, hypothetically, invent some kind of gauntlet that would shoot lightning when it hit something, would that make it socially acceptable to punch my new fiancée to show of this new advancement in technology?
:CainSB: …do you know anything about magic theory concerning lightning, sir?
:KronosSB: Hypothetically, Cain.
:CainSB: Hypothetically, I think it would end in great harm.
:KronosSB: Well, there has to be some sacrifices for magical science.
:CainSB: I’m talking about harm to you, sir. I’ve seen this woman you’re to wed, and trust me, even if you punched her with a magical glove made out of fire and brimstone, she would shrug it off and give you a walloping.
:KronosSB: …well, then I clearly need some kind of basic plan if I should… you know, accidentally assault my date… except for running away that is.
:CainSB: Sir, if I may be so bold, but I don’t think you have the… how you say, balls to actually even considering hurting her.
:KronosSB: Well… err… I mean… um…
:CainSB: Also, shouldn’t the plan be “Let’s not assault her”?
:KronosSB: Alright, fine, I’ll come up with something else… but first I need information…

>Ask who is the Sakkilian
:CainSB: I do believe her name is Briannah, the lone daughter of the Empress herself. She’s also known as the Lady of Steel, the mountain or “Oh gods, she’s ripping my arms off!”.
:KronosSB: Well, that sounds promising…
:CainSB: Either way, you are to be wed on the next Midsummer festival to tie our great families together and strengthen the peace between our people.
:KronosSB: Midsummer? Wasn’t that like a week ago?
:CainSB: Indeed, so you have a full year to get to know your new wife before it’s official.
>Read a book about Sakkilian culture
:CainSB: While a splendid idea, you don’t have time for that now. Maybe after the first meeting have concluded?
:KronosSB: Right, I’ve heard enough. I need to talk to poppa about this. Maybe I can get him to change his mind.
:CainSB: [Impatient]Considering this goes beyond just the two of you and concerns the whole kingdo- oh, you’re already leaving…


:KronosSB: Poppa! You lied to me! How should you just… wed me away to a… a.. a lizard!?
:HeliosSB: Oh? You haven’t heard? And here I was sure I told you…
:KronosSB: You’ve never even mentioned-
:CainSB: [Impatient] Actually, sir, he did mention it twice… but you were in such a hurry that you missed it… both times…
:KronosSB: …oh… Still, what would momma think? And my brother!? What do you believe they think when they look down upon us from the great roost pillars of the heavens and you’re giving me away to their murderers!?
:HeliosSB:
:KronosSB: And how about succession! I mean, I can’t-
:HeliosSB: You still have a sister and brother to take care of that, Kronos…
:KronosSB: Still…
>>
No. 651218 ID: 65a774
File 143544458650.png - (46.80KB , 684x524 , 11.png )
651218

[Speech Craft+++][Intelligence+] vs. [Speech Craft+++][Charisma+++][Wisdom+][Leadership+]
[Failure]

:HeliosSB: Son, believe me, I do want what’s best for you but… I also need to think of our kingdom and its people. You must understand, if this coming alliance fall our kingdom will not survive… at least not the kingdom we know off.
:KronosSB: But-
:HeliosSB: I know you have a rather… large dislike of the Sakkilians as a whole, but sadly you are the only one left in our family that has yet to wed. Both your sister and brother have already been wed and thus can’t take up this great burden.
:KronosSB: I-
:HeliosSB: And I ask this of you, just as I asked your sister to bear the weight of the crown after I step down and as well how I asked your brother to bear the weight of the title of Coin Master, I ask you to bear this burden, not for me, not for yourself, but for the people of our kingdom.
:KronosSB: But-
:HeliosSB: Think, what would your mother want? To throw away the lives of thousands for your own selfish desires, or to be a hero and sacrifice yourself for the greater good? Think, of what would your mother be more proud of… dove?
:KronosSB:
>>
No. 651225 ID: bd8b82

dang, age and practice is hard to argue against.

sigh. fine. but if she rips your arm off you will find someone that can annul it.
>>
No. 651227 ID: 08f4b2

...Wait, does the Empress also have sons or does the "lone daughter" thing mean their succession will be an issue? Are we going to have to join some sort of lizard husband-harem?!
>>
No. 651229 ID: d3be40

"I think it's a personal selfishness that you wage the fate of your entire kingdom on your impulsive, aggressive son, knowing that public opinion of this union could be out of your control if the public were to obtain a full grasp of the marital situation.

Also, what the hell were you thinking when you planned a marriage between an assassin prince and a berserker princess? You know that this will end with some modicum of violence."
>>
No. 651230 ID: bd8b82

>>651229
no.
>>
No. 651233 ID: ab7529

...how do you expect this to end peacefully? I am ill suited for deception, and if she is not a fool, she will realize how I feel.
>>
No. 651245 ID: 726c6c

>>651230
Agreed
>>
No. 651254 ID: 8fac05

as a prince I guess I will see if this works out.

But as your son, you owe me... also I'm not going to have to go live to my "bride's" country am I?
>>
No. 651260 ID: 46df9e

Father you know I want to help the kingdom I honestly do, but I still have nightmares about the day mom died. I woke up from one this very morning.
>>
No. 651294 ID: 334db2

Use your intelligence to remember what exactly is threatening the kingdom.
>>
No. 651373 ID: e114bc

>>651218
I'm not going to have to sleep with her am I?
>>
No. 651443 ID: 65a774
File 143549597568.png - (30.80KB , 684x524 , 12.png )
651443

>Use your intelligence to remember what exactly is threatening the kingdom.
You do know for a fact that both nations armies where devastated by the war. As your fair kingdom and that lizard empire aren’t the only nations around it does put you in quite a pickle if someone else decides to use the opportunity.

:KronosSB: …Poppa, how do you expect me to do this? I’m not the best at deception and… and I’m going to guess she won’t be fooled about how I really feel.
:HeliosSB: Son, you if anyone must know that marriage isn’t always about love… especially among us of the blood, even though some of us might have been lucky and had it blossom forth over time… err… as I was saying, you don’t need to really like her, just… tolerate her. It’s more a symbol that a unity between our people is possible then anything else.
:KronosSB: But I… I hate them for what they did… and… and I’m still afraid of them…
:HeliosSB: …you still have those nightmares?
:KronosSB: They only come when I’m really stressed about something but… yes, yes I have them still.
:HeliosSB: That is troubling, yes… but, then this is simply another challenge for you to conquer. Can you face your fears, son, and not falter?
:KronosSB: I rather not face them at all…
:HeliosSB: Kronos, have you ever even talked to a Sakkilian in your life? Actually met one? Not counting that awful day twenty years ago…
:KronosSB: I… I’ve seen one or two across the room once?
:HeliosSB: Son, what you’re afraid of is not the Sakkilians. It’s a monster of your own imagination wearing their skin. It would do you good to meet one of them and see that they aren’t some blood starved beasts.
:KronosSB: …m-maybe you’re right… but still… a marriage between an assassin prince and a berserker princess…
:HeliosSB: Berserker? Son, I know you’ve grown up on stories about Sakkilian savagery, but I’ll have to you known that they value honor far more than we do. The reasons why they are such fierce warriors aren’t because they are savage, but because they are disciplined and intelligent. There might be stories about how they tear people apart with their bare claws, how they get consumed by bloodlust and knows no pain or that they practice ritual cannibalism and eat Varks soldiers whole but those are just stories… well, um… Itskindoftruethathey*cough*al*cough*
:KronosSB: What did you just say?
:HeliosSB: Oh, sorry, I just had a dry throat… *cough* Heh… wait, did you say Assassin prince!?
:KronosSB: Well… err… you know, I’m good at sneaking about and… err…
:HeliosSB: Son, I know you like to daydream about things like that, but I’m pretty sure you’ve never even hurt someone intentionally, let alone killed someone.
:KronosSB: …but… err… it sounds so cool?
:HeliosSB: In fact, I’m pretty sure if it ever came down to it, you wouldn’t be able to even swing to sword which would do the deed. You’re an intelligent prince, that what you should be proud of and not some… odd title you haven’t even earned.

:KronosSB: …I… I have some more questions, poppa… about this “bride” of mine…
:HeliosSB: Ask away.
:KronosSB: I’m guessing she’s not the only child of the empress, correct?
:HeliosSB: Indeed, the empress also have three sons.
:KronosSB: And… I don’t have to move to her nation, do I?
:HeliosSB: Of course not, son… in fact, she’s requested to stay here, in one of our guest rooms.
:KronosSB: …she’s planning to moving here!?
:HeliosSB: It seems that way. I can’t say exactly why but that was her personal request…
:KronosSB: …*sigh* fine… as a Prince I’ll at least try… for my country.
:HeliosSB: I’m proud of you, son.
:KronosSB: But as a son, you owe me… big time.
:HeliosSB: Of course.
:KronosSB: And if she rip my arms off and start playing hopscotch in my chest cavity…
:HeliosSB: They aren’t savages, son.
:KronosSB: Right… let’s get this over with…

:KronosSB: Wait, one last thing. I don’t have to… sleep with her, right?
:HeliosSB: Not unless you want to, son.
:KronosSB: …why would I want too?
:HeliosSB: Well, I’ve heard she supposed to have some very nice… assets…
:KronosSB: …that’s not helping… at all…


:NonSB: Lord Helios, my liege, the Sakkilian cortège has arrived to the city, sir.
:HeliosSB: Ah, good… I was starting to fear that they would never arrive. Now, we got about half an hour before they get here, so I would suggest that you should prepare yourself, son.
:KronosSB: Prepare myself?
:HeliosSB: You know, first impressions goes a long way. How are you supposed to greet her? Do you need to prepare something else before she arrive? …do you want some liquid courage before they arrive?
>>
No. 651444 ID: 9ddf68

quick ask your father before he gets to far if he knows anything about her personality wise. As in is she a warrior, scholar, something to get an idea of how we should prepare ourselves. Oh and definitely no booze, your mouth runs free enough while you're in control of your mind, no need to loosen it further... and while we're on the topic can you even hold your alcohol? What with you being thin as a twig and light as a feather.
>>
No. 651448 ID: 46df9e

If we have a half hour it would be a good idea to get a proper bath in; we did wake up late and just rushed through our morning grooming.
>>
No. 651453 ID: 334db2

Pass on the alcohol. By the time you find the necessary moral loopholes to make you okay with this, you'll be too drunk to walk.
>>
No. 651456 ID: d3be40

Discuss with your father which skills and talents you should represent via this union, then dress accordingly. This marriage is a media event, so milk it for all it's worth.
>>
No. 651458 ID: dbe554

The only way we should take a drink is if it somehow calms down your impulsive nature, as it is though it may just be best to settle your nerves with something a little less likely to cause you to mouth off.

..Also your fathers a pervert, really now of the things to focus on he focused on her scaled butt.
>>
No. 651459 ID: ab7529

>She asked to move here
>I can’t say exactly why but that was her personal request…
Because when you're a pawn only good for marrying off, this is the only legit way to get the hell away from your family.

>I don’t have to… sleep with her, right?
>Not unless you want to, son.
So the marriage counts even if it ain't consummated? Awful convenient for a medieval setting.
>>
No. 651460 ID: 46df9e

>>651458
Why would it have to be her butt? Maybe she just has nice coloration, or nicely sized lizard boobs. What, mother had bird boobs.
>>
No. 651466 ID: 65a774
File 143551808125.png - (16.63KB , 684x524 , 13.png )
651466

:KronosSB: Wait, do you know how she’s like?
:HeliosSB: Well… I’ve never actually met her personally…
:KronosSB: But you’ve got to have heard something? Is she a warrior? A scholar? A social woman?
:HeliosSB: She’s definitely a warrior, for sure… but I’ve heard she spend a lot of time in libraries as well. Oh, and I heard she’s rather… well, controlling, really. She wants to be in charge… and she tends to get thing her way one way or another.
:KronosSB: Hmm… so, some kind of warrior scholar who’s afraid of losing control of things?
:HeliosSB: …I didn’t say she was afraid of losing control, but yes, that’s what I’ve heard.
:KronosSB: So… any tips about which of my many talents I should represent via this union? I mean, I got a few ideas how to dress depending on-
:HeliosSB: Son, you’re already known for your... lack of responsibility in the kingdom. I would rather see you be responsible for once and show that the Sakkilian aren’t so different from us. But, if you want some advice, then I’ll tell you this. I’ve learned the hard way that respect is something the Sakkilans don’t give out freely, but that you have to earn it.
:KronosSB: So, that means I should… err… show off?
:HeliosSB: That means that you should expect them to show you no respect until you’ve earned it. How you earn it, on the other hand, is up to you. I’m sure one of your “many talents” will do the job. Just remember that you can earn respect both from physical deeds as well as mental ones.
:KronosSB: Hmm… oh, and one more thing before you leave. Does the marriage really count if it hasn’t been… you know, the deed hasn’t been done?
:HeliosSB: As long as we say it’s been done it doesn’t actually need to be done. Of course, if it actually happened, it would be all the be-
:KronosSB: Yeah, no, not going to happen.


>If we have a half hour it would be a good idea to get a proper bath in; we did wake up late and just rushed through our morning grooming.
:KronosSB: …Cain, is the big bath in the basement empty?
:CainSB: At this time of the day I would suspect so, sir.
>Pass on the alcohol. By the time you find the necessary moral loopholes to make you okay with this, you'll be too drunk to walk.
:KronosSB: Hmm… and I should really skip the… “liquid curage”… but on the other hand, one small glass wouldn’t hurt…
:CainSB: I would advise against it, sir. You know how you and alcohol mix.
:KronosSB: But it’s just one glass!
:CainSB: Which is generally enough to loosen that tongue of yours, sir. You know you’re rather light when it comes to drinking.
:KronosSB: Fine…

>Your fathers a pervert, really now of the things to focus on he focused on her scaled butt.
Which is something you rather didn’t know about him. It makes that drink sound even more promising.
>Maybe she just has nice coloration, or nicely sized lizard boobs.
What kind of lizard has boobs? …and you’re pretty sure most of them are just different shades of green.
>it may just be best to settle your nerves with something a little less likely to cause you to mouth off.
…well, you’ve learn that good cup of tea would always calm your nerves…

:KronosSB: Cain, can you b-
:CainSB: Your tea, sir, newly brewed.
:KronosSB: …I don’t know why I keep getting surprised by that.

:KronosSB: Aah, nothing beats a nice hot bath, does it…
:CainSB: Sir, the Empresses daughter have just arrived at the palace.
:KronosSB: …mm... are you sure it’s her?
:CainSB: A dozen Sakkilians wearing ceremonial armor is being led by one clad in the imperial armor. I’m going to take a wild guess that’s her.
:KronosSB: Ceremonial armor?
:CainSB: It would be prudent to start thinking about how to approach her, sir.
:KronosSB: Wait, she’s decked out in full plate armor?
:CainSB: Indeed she is, sir.
:KronosSB:
>>
No. 651467 ID: 6a327f

Well, If she comes in full armor, It will be fair to receive her fully armored. But, just to clarify, is he REALLY sure that is she the one wearing the imperial armor?
>>
No. 651468 ID: 3380e4

Is that normal
>>
No. 651469 ID: 46df9e

Well if she's in armor an unloaded pistol as a show of proficiency shouldn't be out of line. Perhaps inviting them to the feast hall for a warm meal would be the best way to greet them after such long travel.
>>
No. 651470 ID: ab7529

>Wait, she’s decked out in full plate armor?
Maybe we should bring a gun after all. It would be following suit.
>>
No. 651472 ID: 334db2

Well let's not show up under-dressed, shall we? Bring your firearm, but don't load it.
>>
No. 651484 ID: e114bc

Yeah, bring your gun, but with no bullets in it. Double check of course, make sure there's no round in the chamber or something.

Arrive in formal wear. Fancy duds.
>>
No. 651489 ID: 1cebc8

This might be one of those cliché "Royal Decoy" plans where the real princess is disguised as one of the subjects, who will tear your arm off out of the blue the moment you start harassing the handmaidens.

Be sure to treat ALL of them the same way, based on how horribly they torment you. Bring some non-lethal ammunition, a few blank shots should be impressive.
>>
No. 651490 ID: 9ddf68

what kind of armor do you have Kronos? Because if she's in full armor I would recommend some yourself but keep it light to let you move around quickly if need be. If you don't have any flashy light armor I say wear some under a nice clothes. Something you might wear to a fancy party but also lets you move around unrestricted. You're light and fast, you'd probably just look like an idiot if you tried to put on heavier armor so stay light. Also bring a gun and ammo but keep the gun unloaded and keep both hidden on your person. Other then that I guess all we can do is head on over and met our bride to be... and I can't help feeling as this is going to suck for all parties involved.
>>
No. 651505 ID: 7420d6

If you wear armor or a gun she's going to take you as an actual competent fighter or somone pretending to be one(which would be correct). Which would be a bad first impression. Also if she's pushy you wearing weapons/armor may incorage her to be more physical towards you to get her way. Best to be honest and meet her dressed to match who you are.

Try to do everything to swing your relatiomship with her so that challenges are more mental than physical. So that you actualy have a chance of winning and not becoming a cripple.
>>
No. 651509 ID: 65a774
File 143554018492.png - (70.12KB , 684x524 , 14.png )
651509

>Is that normal
:CainSB: For a Sakkilian warrior, yes.
>Just to clarify, is he REALLY sure that is she the one wearing the imperial armor?
:CainSB: I can’t be completely sure, sir, but I expect that she will remove her helmet so we can identify her. She does have some… distinct features that we can recognize, sir. Oh, and she will probably be the largest one there, I believe.
:KronosSB: …wait, largest one? What do you mean by that?
:CainSB: You will see, sir.
>Perhaps inviting them to the feast hall for a warm meal would be the best way to greet them after such long travel.
:CainSB: There will be a great feast tonight, sir, two whole wild boars over the fire, I believe.
>This might be one of those cliché "Royal Decoy" plans where the real princess is disguised as one of the subjects, who will tear your arm off out of the blue the moment you start harassing the handmaidens.
:CainSB: Sir, even if it isn’t I would recommend that you don’t harass anyone tonight. Even if there isn’t a ruse, they might still tear your arm off.
:KronosSB: …I’m starting to think you’re messing with me about the whole tearing off arms, aren’t you?
:CainSB: Well, they might challenge you for a duel of first blood, but that isn’t as fun to say.

>What kind of armor do you have Kronos?
You’re not the kind of person that usually wear anything remotely protective or moment restricting… so, you don’t actually have any kind of armor… at all. Though you know where there are a rather nice breast plate that should fit you…
>If you wear armor she's going to take you as an actual competent fighter or someone pretending to be one(which would be correct). Also if she's pushy you wearing weapons/armor may incorage her to be more physical towards you to get her way. Best to be honest and meet her dressed to match who you are.
After some consideration you choose not to wear anything that might in the slightest provoke any kind of image of you being some kind of fighter of any kind. It’s probably for the best, really.
>Try to do everything to swing your relationship with her so that challenges are more mental than physical.
You will have to try getting this… “relationship” to be about either speed or mental prowess… otherwise you won’t stand a chance.
>Well let's not show up under-dressed, shall we? Bring your firearm, but don't load it.
You decide to bring your finest ice enchanted gun with you… and you make sure it’s uncharged before you leave, of course.

Right, this is it then… this is your future…

:KronosSB: Wow… the whole grand hall is full of li- I mean sakkilian soldiers… so… who is this… Briannah, was it?
:CainSB: I believe she’s the one your father is communicating with right now… the big one.
:KronosSB: The big o- Holy crap, she’s huge! And… a-and… scars?
>>
No. 651510 ID: 65a774
File 143554020194.png - (71.50KB , 684x524 , 15.png )
651510

:KonosSB: BY THE FIVE GODS, SHE’S LOOKING RIGHT AT ME! WHAT DO I DO!? WHAT DO I DO!?
:CainSB: Calm down and behave like a rational person, sir?
>>
No. 651513 ID: ab7529

>WHAT DO I DO!? WHAT DO I DO!?
Don't panic.

Switch into intellectual analysis mode. ...her tail is wagging, that's a good sign, right?
>>
No. 651514 ID: 46df9e

Is there a reason her tail wiggled when she looked at you? May be prudent to learn some about their natural body language since you'll be interacting a lot with her. At least she smiled when she looked so that's a good sign. Introduce yourself and ask if she is indeed Briannah.
>>
No. 651516 ID: 08f4b2

Go with a (stiffly) formal greeting; we aren't happy with the diplomatic task at hand but Father is right that it needs to be done.
>>
No. 651517 ID: 9ddf68

her tail is twitching... any idea what that means?

As for what to do and great your father and Briannah. While doing this use your intelligence to mentally recall every fact you can about your guns down to model, who built them, any personal tweaks you may have added. Just basically use distract yourself with something you enjoy and know a lot about to try and cover up your fear.
>>
No. 651518 ID: dbe554

By the gods she looks like she could benchpress you one handed while calmly reading with the other.

Don't panic! Try not to make sudden movements, she appears to be smiling so at the very least she doesn't seem hostile to this.. Squeeze hands together formally if need to calm down further and to stop jitters.

I mean, she's only... Two to three heads taller and wearing more battlescars then some of your own veterans sport, how bad could she be?
>>
No. 651519 ID: 334db2

Calm down. You don't have to do anything, this whole diplomatic marriage is an overdressed farce to protect a kingdom from borderline nonexistent threat. It doesn't need a push from you to collapse. Just try to be passive-aggressive rather than overtly hostile for as long as you're being diplomatic.
>>
No. 651520 ID: 46df9e

>>651518
How about a nice polite bow instead of a handshake. Wouldn't want her to nearly crush his hand on their first meeting would we?
>>
No. 651523 ID: fbc59e

keep your distance-She looks excited in the way a gaurd dog eyes a new toy/victim.
>>
No. 651545 ID: 1cebc8

This will not end well.

Present yourself as abhorrent but competent - you want her to respect you without being attracted to you. Hopefully, she's doing the same.

After the meeting, demand that your father allow you to take consorts.
>>
No. 651549 ID: 334db2

>>651545
I was thinking after the meeting we should say something more like 'the next time you need me to make a sacrifice for my kingdom, just ask me to eat my gun'
>>
No. 651639 ID: 65a774
File 143558847601.png - (62.98KB , 684x524 , 16.png )
651639

>Don't panic.
TOO LATE!
>By the gods she looks like she could bench-press you one handed while calmly reading with the other.
It’s clear that you have no chance against her when it comes to brute strength, that’s for sure. Let’s just hope that she didn’t become that big by eating Varks whole!
>I mean, she's only... Two to three heads taller and wearing more battle scars then some of your own veterans sport, how bad could she be?
…you’re so dead, aren’t you? There’s no way that… that thing won’t have eaten you by tonight.

>Use your intelligence to mentally recall every fact you can about your guns down to model, who built them, any personal tweaks you may have added. Just basically distract yourself with something you enjoy and know a lot about to try and cover up your fear.
Think about guns, not teeth… guns, not teeth… guns, teeth… guns that shoot teeth… err….
>After the meeting, demand that your father allow you to take consorts.
If you survive this you deserve a freaking harem!

>...her tail is wagging, that's a good sign, right?
You have no idea! She should be happy, sure… or she’s just exited that she’s spotted her next prey to gulp down… either way, its bad news for you.
>May be prudent to learn some about their natural body language since you'll be interacting a lot with her.
You’ll need to remember that for later. Your life might depend on it.
>keep your distance-She looks excited in the way a gaurd dog eyes a new toy/victim.
You’ll try to stay out of her reach… if you can.


>How about a nice polite bow?
>Introduce yourself and ask if she is indeed Briannah.
:HeliosSB: Ah, and here’s the lucky boy himself. Let me introduce you two. Briannah, this is Prince Kronos Helios Mediean the Second, third in line of the throne. Son, this is General Briannah the mighty, of the imperial Tiemeth family.
:KronosSB: I-I-It’s an h-honor to m-meet you, m-ma’am…
:BriannahSB:
:HeliosSB: I’ll leave you two “love birds” alone so you can get to know each other a bit.
:KronosSB: Err… I… I’ve h-h-he… h-heard a l-lot of good things a-abo-
>>
No. 651641 ID: 65a774
File 143558895427.png - (67.92KB , 684x524 , 17.png )
651641

:KronosSB: VARK!!
:BriannahSB: So yah are the “princess”, eh?
:KronosSB: Ah!! L-let go- w-wait, princess!?
:BriannahSB: I’ve ‘eard a lot about you too, little boy, but mostly bad stuff.
:KronosSB: Y-you’ve-
:BriannahSB: They’ve told me yah are nothing but an impulsive, spoiled brat. That yah are more interested about playing with yah “toys” then ‘elping yah old man, and that yah are a coward that runs from every fight yah’ve been in.
:KronosSB: WHAT DID YOU JUS-
:BriannahSB: True or not, we’re going to ‘ave so much fun together either way, won’t we, princess?

You can’t decide if you should be afraid or angry.

:BriannahSB: …and I didn’t except yah to be literally as light as a feather…
>>
No. 651643 ID: bf1184

I think she actually wants for you to feel either fear or anger (or maybe both) in a way to make you feel impotent. If you ask me, You shouldn't give her that satisfaccion.
>>
No. 651650 ID: 334db2

What happened to your silver tongue?

Angry. Definitely Angry. Nobody, especially not your enemies, walks into your home in full battle garb and insults you. You're agile, do a kick off of her chest/muzzle and get free when she doesn't suspect it.

And I heard you weren't a savage. Looks like we've both been misinformed.
>>
No. 651656 ID: 8fd9ec

"now that you have had your "fun" with the whole "assert dominance" bullshit you can put me down now. I did not know someone apparently so into books could still be into petty shows primitive displays of physical might. if you want to see me play with my "toys" then latter i can show you how I prefer to fight at the firing range, I'm more of the "its better not to take a blow then have to roll with one" kind of person"
>>
No. 651659 ID: 46df9e

I can't tell if this is playful ribbing or if she's trying to antagonize you. Don't get frightened or angry I think this may be part of that whole earning her respect thing. Ignore the quips and respond back that you didn't expect her to really be a mountain either. You could also bring up what you heard about her not wanting to return home after the wedding.
>>
No. 651666 ID: eac8be

Angry. "You think I don't care about my father and country? I wouldn't be putting up with any of this shit if I didn't."

Don't try to kick her; you are comically weak compared to her and she already has a grip on you anyway.
>>
No. 651668 ID: 9ddf68

>can’t decide if you should be afraid or angry
leaning towards angry.

And I have to say that you are nothing like what I heard of you. I was told you were a strong, wise, and competent princess worthy of your people's respect, but now that I see you all I can see is a simple, savage, thug who never really grew up and can't even leave her own home without at least a dozen chaperons to hold your hand.
>>
No. 651673 ID: 65a774
File 143560085105.png - (67.39KB , 684x524 , 18.png )
651673

>What happened to your silver tongue?
Clearly it was cleaver enough to run and hide instead of facing this thing.
>Don't get frightened or angry I think this may be part of that whole earning her respect thing.
You try your best to calm down, letting your anger and fear clash and create a more serene emotional state.

>You're agile, do a kick off of her chest/muzzle and get free when she doesn't suspect it.
You bring up your right foot to her chest and uses all your might t- IT’S LIKE TRYING TO MOVE A STONE WALL!
:BriannahSB: …what are yah doing?
:KronosSB: …t-trying to e-escape?
:BriannahSB: …why don’t yah just ask me to let yah down?
:KronosSB: …oh… um… w-well… err… right, can you l-let me down? …p-please?
:BriannahSB: …don’t yah want to talk face to face? As equals?
:KronosSB: I w-wouldn’t really consider this e-equals… see, you’ve had y-your fun, alright? You’ve already succeeded with the whole “assert dominance” through force… so… can you p-please let me down?
:BriannahSB: …very well.
:KronosSB: Thank you… and I h-have to say, I didn’t actually expect you to be figuratively a mountain.
:BriannahSB: Why, are yah trying to flatter me?
:KronosSB: And I heard you weren’t s-supposed to be a savage either, but clearly I was misinformed.
:BriannahSB: Ah, yah do know ‘ow to make a girl feel special, don’t yah? Clearly yah’ve been talking to the wrong people, eh?
:KronosSB: Wrong people?
:BriannahSB: I’m sure if yah talked to some of my last conquests they would say something quite different.
:KronosSB: Conquests? There hasn’t been any engagements since the war ended.
:BriannahSB: Not that kind of conquests, princess.
:KronosSB: …oh… I really didn’t need to know that… at all…

:BriannahSB: Speaking of engagements, I shouldn’t ‘elp to notice that yah’re wearing a gun?
:KronosSB: …it’s part of the costume set.
:BriannahSB: …of course it is… it’s not like yah can leave behind yah toys, now can ye?
:KronosSB: I would advise that you stop calling them toys and respect them a bit. They are rather dangerous after all. In fact, why don’t I show you just what these “toys” can do in the hands of a master? Then you’ll see how I prefer to achieve my conquests.
:BriannahSB: …yah met a new girl just five minutes ago and yah’re already inviting ‘er to watch you use your private toys on yourself? Classy.
:KronosSB: ...what? You’re too afraid to watch?
:BriannahSB: Oh, I’m quite intrigued, actually. I have to admit, I’m looking forward to seeing just ‘ow good yah are with yah ‘ands and that tiny little gun of ye. Oh, and just so yah ‘now, I do respect them. I ‘now first had just what those thing can do, believe me, Princess.
:KronosSB: Right, then it’s settled?
:BriannahSB: Indeed it is…

:KronosSB: … … …so… err…
:BriannahSB:
:KronosSB: I heard you were planning on staying here after the wedding?
:BriannahSB: After the wedding? Oh, I don’t ‘now about that… but I’ll be staying ‘ere until the wedding, that’s for certain.
:KronosSB: Well, we do have some really nice guest rooms that are available…
:BriannahSB: I ‘now. My following will be staying in those.
:KronosSB: ...and you?
:BriannahSB: See, I do have a bit of a special request. I wanted a royal sized bed to sleep in but… the only one with those are the king himself, the crown princess, the prince and the tiny princess.
:KronosSB: …wait… you don’t mean-
:BriannahSB: And as I’ll soon marry one of them…
:KronosSB: You’re not sleeping in my bed!
:BriannahSB: Why not? It’s not like there isn’t room. In fact, I’m sure both of us and at least 14 others of ye size would fit in it.
:KronosSB: Or just one that was half as horizontally challenged as you…
:BriannahSB: …Did yah just insult me to my face?
:KronosSB: Err… maybe?
:BriannahSB: …yet, yah’re afraid of me at the same time.
:KronosSB: I’m not af-
:BriannahSB: Yah’re shacking like a naked chick… and yah’re sweating so much it’s almost like yah just came from the shower. No, one thing is for certain, I was wrong about yah. yah’re no coward after all.
>>
No. 651677 ID: 334db2

>…Did yah just insult me to my face?
Are you fucking joking you literally called me a spoiled coward is everyone here a hypocrite
>>
No. 651683 ID: 9ddf68

...right, well, I heard you choose to come here of your own free will. There any special reason behind that or what?
>>
No. 651685 ID: 46df9e

God her calling you princess is annoying, but I don't think she'll respect you at all if you ask her to stop. I was hoping you'd be avoiding sharing a bed with her; well guess I could get a laugh at you waking up from another nightmare, see her in the bed, and do something stupid in a groggy panic. So how was her trip here?
>>
No. 651688 ID: eac8be

>everyone here a hypocrite
That wasn't hypocrisy, that was her approving of the insult as an indicator that when she pushes us around we are willing to push back. We should keep this in mind; she apparently prefers hostility to passivity as a response to her being rude.
>>
No. 651695 ID: e6fcea

>Yah’re shacking like a naked chick… and yah’re sweating so much it’s almost like yah just came from the shower.
Alright, so you ARE plenty intimidated by her great stature, scarred visage, and percieved prowess as a warrior... But jovial banter like this? You could probably get used to that in due time.

Sure she wants to test you, press your buttons to see what makes you tick, but surely you're clever enough to realize that? Perhaps you should try and return the favor at some point?

On that note, you're going to have to go with a "maybe" on letting her share bed with you. You need to know whether or not she can manage sharing bed for a night without letting her hands wander before you agree on anything, yeah?
>>
No. 651702 ID: 1cebc8

Time to go hunting. You need to reassert your self-confidence by hunting down enemies and beasts on your own, prove that she's bullying you for sport.

Just promise to your father that you will do your best to be back in time for the marriage ceremony and go find someone to court before you get married and your prospects dwindle to "YOU'RE MARRIED TO GODZILLA GO AWAY I DON'T WANT TO BE NEAR YOU-AAA MOTHER@#$%ER SHE RIPPED MY". Yep.
>>
No. 651711 ID: eac8be

>>651702
Don't do that; being skilled at shooting things is just one of the skills involved in being a professional hunter/adventurer/murderhobo and this is not the time to get into that. Also no running off to start random affairs.
>>
No. 651718 ID: 65a774
File 143561312208.png - (61.49KB , 684x524 , 19.png )
651718

>Sure she wants to test you, press your buttons to see what makes you tick, but surely you're clever enough to realize that?
Even if you realize why she is doing it, having your button pressed will still fire you off.
>Perhaps you should try and return the favor at some point?
As long as you’re careful. You rather have all your limbs still intact after all this.
>Time to go hunting.
…go hunting? You’ve never been out hunting in your life… sure, you can shoot a gun, but that’s on the shooting range… of course, shooting some moving target at the range would be rather stimulating right now if anything.
>go find someone to court before you get married.
Running off and shagging the first lady bird you find, while fun, wouldn’t really please your father, would it? If you’re to court someone you need to be a bit more patient then that…

:KronosSB: I have to admit, you’re mighty intimidating, what with your great stature, scarred visage and perceived prowess as a warrior…
:BriannahSB: Oh, I’m sure yah tell all the girls that, don’t yah?
:KronosSB: But this… this jovial banter is getting tiresome.
:BriannahSB: Well, I guess we’re supposed to be “lovers” after all. Alright, I’ll stop insulting yah unnecessarily, princess.
:KronosSB: …said she as she ended her sentence with an insult…
:BriannahSB: If yah want a new nickname then yah have to earn it, boy.
:KronosSB: *Sigh* Sure, whatever…

:KronosSB: …and another thing… I have to go with a “maybe” on letting you stay in my room.
:BriannahSB: Oh?
:KronosSB: I want to know if you’re someone that I can actually share a bed with… that you don’t snore or… um… that your hands don’t wander at night… stuff like that.
:BriannahSB: Heh, my ‘ands would wander? Ha, why would I want to touch yah? Yah’re just some tiny bird that’s been spoiled, eh?
:KronosSB: …didn’t we-
:BriannahSB: That was a fact, not and insult.
:KronosSB: Still, I just want to be sure nothing… indecent happens.
:BriannahSB: Heh… very well, I’ll keep my ‘ands to myself… for now.
:KronosSB: For now?
:BriannahSB: Well, if yah keep flirting like this I might not ‘elp it, eh?
:KronosSB: …FLIRTING!?
:BriannahSB: Calling me intimidating, saying that I’m a savage, wanting to show off ye toys… ‘ell, I’m about to have dinner with yah at ye families ‘ouse. What is that if not dating, eh?
:KronosSB: I’m not… I mean… err…

:KronosSB: Speaking of changing the subject, I have to ask you why you want to stay here until the wedding? Is there a special reason?
:BriannahSB: Yes.
:KronosSB: … … …and you’ll tell me…?
:BriannahSB: When yah earn it, Princess.
:KronosSB: …*sigh* have it your way… … …so…
:BriannahSB:
:KronosSB: … …how was the trip?
:BriannahSB: Boring, mostly. I did find this great vista but sadly I didn’t have the time to give it proper justice…
:KronosSB: Well, that’s… nice to hear, I guess?
:BriannahSB: Now, unless yah ‘ave something a bit more interesting to discuss, I’ll take my leave. I need to clean up a bit before the feast tonight because frankly, I stink worse than an old slaughtered moose. Yah don’t ‘appen to have a bath or the like in ye room, eh?
:KronosSB: …an old slaugh- that’s a rather morbid image I rather would have lived without knowing… but yes, I do have a shower in my room.
:BriannahSB: Splendid. Then I’ll retreat back there for now… oh, and if yah try to peek I’ll bite ye head off.
:KronosSB: I wasn’t planning on it…
:BriannahSB: Good… now be a good princess and enlighten yeself with a book or something while I’m away.
:KronosSB: Right…
>>
No. 651719 ID: dbe554

Strong abrasive personality.. Well this'll be fun, though now that I think on it do they have guns themselves? Unless they just don't respect them.

Either way, something to calm down with for now would be nice..
>>
No. 651720 ID: 9ddf68

...let's head to the shooting range to blow off some steam. if nothing else it will give you something else to focus on for awhile.
>>
No. 651721 ID: e114bc

>>651718
Shooting range!
>>
No. 651722 ID: 46df9e

Let's take her advice and get some reading done on Sakkilian culture and mannerisms.
>>
No. 651725 ID: 334db2

Line something up on a fence and shoot at it. If we're going to have a bad day so will everyone else in an earshot.

> Sakkilian culture and mannerisms.
Oh, those exist?
>>
No. 651733 ID: e6fcea

>As long as you’re careful. You rather have all your limbs still intact after all this.
She doesn't appear to be holding back on her end, so why would you? Fairly certain you'd have to outright insult her whole race, family and way of life before she'd get outright dangerous with you.

>If yah want a new nickname then yah have to earn it, boy.
>When yah earn it, Princess.
Ah yes, you have to 'earn' it, to 'prove' yourself 'worthy' in her eyes. Whether that means becoming a full-fledged warrior, or just giving it an earnest attempt, only the stars and/or gods may know. Consider calling her Briarnah those times she is particularly insistent on being a thorn in your side, but only sparsely. Call her names too often and you'll just come off as trying too hard to one-up her.

>FLIRTING!?
>Calling me intimidating, saying that I’m a savage, wanting to show off ye toys…
Saw that one coming. Shame she isn't flirting back.

>Good… now be a good princess and enlighten yeself with a book or something while I’m away.
Shooting range for now, and later you should try and procure one book on Sakkil culture, and one for Vark culture. I mean, if you are going to study her people, she might as well study yours. If she is so eager to see you prove yourself in her eyes, you might as well see if she is willing to do the same in yours.

And if she doesn't take that bait, go for a mutual exchange; she studies with you, and you try and learn how to fight from her.
>>
No. 651758 ID: 1cebc8

Okay, NOW you have to go hunting. You're that pissed off, right?
>>
No. 651810 ID: ebcefd

>princess
You know... If we are "princess", than that would mean Briannah gets a sarcastic designation of "Price Charming".
>>
No. 651828 ID: 1cebc8

>>651810
OH! How about Lord Croctrap! HOW ABOUT LORD CROCTRAP!
>>
No. 651939 ID: 65a774
File 143568750256.png - (7.44KB , 684x524 , 20.png )
651939

>...let's head to the shooting range to blow off some steam.
:KronosSB: Pull!
>>
No. 651940 ID: 65a774
File 143568750993.png - (14.43KB , 684x524 , 21.png )
651940

*Zhh…!*Crack!*
>>
No. 651941 ID: 65a774
File 143568752293.png - (16.65KB , 684x524 , 22.png )
651941

*Zhh…!*Crack!*
*Zhh…!*

:KronosSB: Dammit!
>>
No. 651942 ID: 65a774
File 143568753231.png - (48.66KB , 684x524 , 23.png )
651942

*CAW!*
…*thud*

:KronosSB: … … …do real pigeon count or is it just the clay ones?
:NonSB: Just the clay ones, your liege.
:KronosSB: Then I got two hits and one miss.
:NonSB: Excellent shooting, sir.
:KronosSB: Excellent? Hardly! I usually have a score over a hundred and now I’m barely at ninety… no, my hand is still unsteady since I had my run in with that… thing.
:NonSB: :NonSB: *Whisper*…

>Okay, NOW you have to go hunting.
...does accidentally shooting down a pigeon count as hunting?
>Do they have guns themselves?
They do, but not as many as this kingdom, mostly because they don’t have the means to produce them. In fact, these are the main reason why we were even able to push them back and sue for peace instead of… well, being conquered.
>Fairly certain you'd have to outright insult her whole race, family and way of life before she'd get outright dangerous with you.
That should very well be the case. No matter what you said to her she never lost that smug smile of hers. Though still… she looks dangerous…

>You know... If we are "princess", than that would mean Briannah gets a sarcastic designation of "Price Charming".
You believe that might be perfect.
>OH! How about Lord Croctrap! HOW ABOUT LORD CROCTRAP!
That might be a bit too… crude.
>Call her names too often and you'll just come off as trying too hard to one-up her.
Clearly, the game of insults requires patience.

>You should try and procure one book on Sakkil culture.
There should be one in the grand library somewhere… unless someone has borrowed them all, but that’s unlikely.
>And one for Vark culture. I mean, if you are going to study her people, she might as well study yours.
Hmm… well, poppa did say she liked to spend time in the library…

So, next step is getting the books it seems… unless there something more important at hand?

:KronosSB: Actually, I’ve have been wondering, where is the usual servant that handles the shooting range?
:NonSB: Err… you see, sir…
:NonSB: *Whisper*
:NonSB: He’s on vacation, sir.
:KronosSB: Ah, of course…
:NonSB: If you’re finished, mind handing back the gun, sire?
>>
No. 651948 ID: 334db2

>I usually have a score over a hundred and now I’m barely at ninety…
That could be because you're supposed to shoot at clay pigeons with a shotgun, not a sidearm.
>In fact, these are the main reason why we were even able to push them back and sue for peace instead of… well, being conquered.
That sounds more and more like a petty distinction.

> He’s on vacation, sir.
I can hear you whispering, you know. Out with it.
>>
No. 651952 ID: 1cebc8

Take an empty gun with you. See if you can fine-tune one while you're researching at the library.

Try to invent automatic fire, just for kicks (and under the fear that you will be forced to marry a snarky thug unless the kingdom suddenly finds itself even more well-equipped).
>>
No. 651968 ID: ecc111

Invent the tank why don't you, it shall keep you safe while delivering pain.
>>
No. 651970 ID: 6d4595

Is that the same gun you brought with you when you went to talk to Briannah? Did you get it from the shooting gallery in the first place or did they charge it or something?
>>
No. 651979 ID: 9ddf68

>If you’re finished, mind handing back the gun, sire?
I thought that was your gun? I'm also noticing people are starting to give you odd looks any idea on that?

anyways might as well head to the head library and completely forget to return the gun because of our Impulsive nature.
>>
No. 652034 ID: 65a774
File 143570686783.png - (55.48KB , 684x524 , 24.png )
652034

>That could be because you're supposed to shoot at clay pigeons with a shotgun, not a sidearm.
You do not know what this “Shooting gun” is.
>Invent the tank why don't you.
Sadly, as much as you want to invent something that will be decades ahead of current military technology, you’re sadly not an inventor.

>Is that the same gun you brought with you when you went to talk to Briannah?
Indeed it is. This gun is quite special too you, as it was originally your brothers, before he passed away.
>I thought that was your gun?
…why, yes it… is…

:KronosSB: Why would you ask me to hand you my gun? I think you might have mistaken it for a gun borrowed from the range.
:NonSB: Oh, no, I… err… just thought it would be safer if we... um… uncharged it?
:KronosSB: It’s already out of juice, so don’t worry about it.
>I'm also noticing people are starting to give you odd looks any idea on that?
:KronosSB: …is there something wrong? You’ve been staring at me ever since I got here…
:NonSB: Of course not, my liege, it’s just… err… see…
:NonSB: *Whisper*
:NonSB: It’s nothing really, sir.
:KronosSB: … …I can hear you whispering, you know. What are you two talking about?
:NonSB: Oh, just… err…
:NonSB: My lady friend here is just a bit… smitten with your good looks and skill with a gun, sire… and what with her being a servant and you a prince… err…
:KronosSB: Ah, yes, I understand… never mind then.

>might as well head to the head library
:KronosSB: Hmm… Briannah should be done showering by now… if I’m planning on giving her a book about Vrak culture, maybe I should invite her along… that way I might get my own room for myself… hmm… and I need to talk to someone about these two… they’ve been acting kind of strange…
>>
No. 652035 ID: 9297f4

Oh, that lady has a nice knife. Maybe you should take it from her and look at it. Use that speed to your advantage.
>>
No. 652048 ID: dbe554

Hostile looking bird lady with dirk sized dagger approaching you while your back is turned.

Prepare for evasive maneuvers!
>>
No. 652049 ID: 334db2

>You do not know what this “Shooting gun” is.
Shot. Gun. Fires multiple projectiles stacked on top of each other called shot? The first kind of gun ever? The kind you're supposed to be using for moving targets & hunting?... Just out of curiosity, how long does it take to reload that pistol?

Oh don't tell me you're buying that kiss-ass shit. Look 'em in the eye and say if they want to disrespect you they can do it to your face. Hell, everyone else does.

...Y'know if you ask nicely and talk fast, you could convince these people to help you fake your death instead of actually killing you.
>>
No. 652052 ID: 9ddf68

Oh a book on the table, that shouldn't be here, and we're heading to the library anyways might as well grab it and return it. hmm think of the library we should probably run down there as in actually run seeing as we only have so long before the feast starts so we should cram as much as we can about Sakkilian culture as we can. With our quick nature we should be able to hit the library in record time and return this book setting out in record time if slightly out of breath. Hell with our quick nature and intelligence we should be able to power read enough to actually know something about the Sakkilian other then they're bastards.
>>
No. 652053 ID: 3bc0da

Yo bucko, your 'lovely admirer' has got a knife out and pointed at your back.
Hmm, outnumbered, outarmed, and possibly outskilled. I'd say your best bet would be to run away but...
>"yah are a coward that runs from every fight yah’ve been in"
That'd make her right, huh?

Any other guns nearby? Anything more to charge your gun with?
>>
No. 652055 ID: ebcefd

Are they new here? Perhaps ask their names.

>Shot. Gun. Fires multiple projectiles stacked on top of each other called shot? The first kind of gun ever?
What sort of fanciful gun launches physical projectiles instead of magic? Are you sure you are not referring to a crossbow?
>>
No. 652056 ID: 334db2

>>652055
Fang-dangly magic projectiles are still projectiles.
>>
No. 652059 ID: 6d4595

Do you remember how much your servants get paid? Or know what kind of places one could afford to go on that salary? Damn, this is going to be bugging you all day now, maybe you should turn around and ask the others if they know where the normal guy went on vacation.
>>
No. 652065 ID: 8fd9ec

that nice lady is about to give you a royal shaking, quick grab the book and use it as a shield to block the stab! then hit her with it!
>>
No. 652069 ID: 9297f4

Oh wait, none of us made an "Et tu, Brute" joke. Gotta add that in.
>>
No. 652076 ID: 1cebc8

Deflect this assassination attempt as a ruthless badass. Point the gun behind you without looking at your opponent, and quickly state "Drop the weapon. On your knees, 81+(#. Hands behind your head."

Explain that you don't approve of this union any more than they do, but that you intend to do what is necessary to protect your assets. Prove this by casually shooting the male assassin (nonlethal attack, hit a few inches above his groin for neural damage), and then tying up the female assassin as a present for your new fiancée.
>>
No. 652077 ID: 3bc0da

>>652076
It’s already out of juice
And they know that.
>>
No. 652078 ID: bd8b82

tuck and roll, get to the range locker, get a new gun. kill everyone here.
>>
No. 652079 ID: 46df9e

And you just admitted to them your gun was out of juice too didn't you? I think it may be prudent to run for now there has to be somewhere public nearby where a prince is less likely to get shanked from behind. If we're worried about that making Briannah right we should consider getting some self defense courses instead of taking on an armed opponent unarmed with no combat training, a book is not a weapon. Rather be a coward than an idiot who gets into fights he can't win.
>>
No. 652080 ID: 9ddf68

since we're fighting, grab the book, throw it at knife person's face, get distance between you and assailants.
>>
No. 652108 ID: eb385b

It her with the gun
>>
No. 652133 ID: eb385b

>>652108
Hit her with the gun
>>
No. 652250 ID: 65a774
File 143577760298.png - (30.31KB , 684x524 , 25.png )
652250

Shot. Gun. Fires multiple projectiles stacked on top of each other called shot?
That does sound a lot like and earth based gun, but those have horrid accuracy thanks to earth being the opposite of wind, thus they don’t have any aiming aid on the projectiles.
>Any other guns nearby?
There are plenty of training guns and the like nearby, all of them securely locked up and uncharged.
>Anything more to charge your gun with?
There should also be a lot of arcane infused powder laying around here somewhere…
>Just out of curiosity, how long does it take to reload that pistol?
About five seconds, faster if you’re really good at it. Though, it takes a while for the magical energy of the arcane powder to be absorbed by the runes of the gun.

>Do you remember how much your servants get paid?
You have no idea what they are paid. In fact, you’ve never actually even thought about until now. You do know that they have some kind of union or something that is supposedly giving them a fair salary… you think? Maybe?
>Or know what kind of places one could afford to go on that salary?
The only thing for sure is that they never frequent the places you usually hang out in.
>Perhaps ask their names.
You can’t come up with a good reason why you would need to know the names of two simple servants. There are hundreds of them, how should you even dream about remembering any of them?

>That nice lady is about to give you a royal shaking.
Once again your thoughts go to day dreaming. Think, what if you were such an important and influential person that people would actually want to assassinate you. You would thwart every attempt they did by showing off your badassary, disposing of the pesky assassins with your gun and a witty one liner each time… but sadly this is real life and exciting things like that never happen here…
>Oh a book on the table, that shouldn't be here, and we're heading to the library anyways might as well grab it and return it.
Let’s see… “How to use a gun for dummies?”. Hmm… you rather not have anyone see you carry this book around… and it is rather heavy. You better ask the servants to deliver it for you.

:KronosSB: Servants, can yo-
*TWACK!*
:NonSB: OW! MY FREAKING EYE!
:KronosSB: Oh, wops…
>>
No. 652251 ID: 65a774
File 143577761437.png - (21.13KB , 684x524 , 26.png )
652251

:KronosSB: I’m dreadfully sorry, madam, but I simply didn’t see you there… I didn’t mean to knock you down and make you… drop… wait, dagger? You’re actually trying to assassinate me!?
:NonSB: Ow…
:NonSB: Yes, now drop the book, get down or your knees and put your hands behind your head so we can slit your throat, “prince”.
:KronosSB: …is this about the wedding? You know, I don’t approve of this union either but-
:NonSB: We don’t care what you think. You need to die so we can finally take care of those grotesque cannibal lizards once and for all. Nothing personal. Now, get down on your knees already!

>...Y'know if you ask nicely and talk fast, you could convince these people to help you fake your death instead of actually killing you.
While you’re not happy about the coming marriage, you’re still quite happy in the gilded cage you’re trapped in, even if there’s suddenly a bird eating beast locked outside the cage.
>>
No. 652252 ID: 65a774
File 143577765575.png - (15.50KB , 684x524 , 27.png )
652252

>Hit him with the gun
Looking at the current situation, things are a bit dark. The woman on the ground is already starting to reach for the dagger again and you got a gun pointing right at you… but, as they clearly want you dead and they haven’t shot you yet, that must means that the gun isn’t charged. While you might not be quick enough to hit him over the head with the gun without him reacting, you are probably quick enough at throwing it right in his ugly face.
:NonSB: OW MY EYE TOO!
>Prepare for evasive maneuvers!
:KronosSB: Charge in the wrong direct-
>>
No. 652253 ID: 65a774
File 143577766769.png - (30.13KB , 684x524 , 28.png )
652253

:KronosSB: -Off.
:BriannahSB: Why, fancy running into yah ‘ere.
:KronosSB: Wha- Briannah!? What are-
:BriannahSB: Yah are out of soap… and I need someone to wash my back.
:KronosSB: …soa-
:BriannahSB: Now, what is this little gathering? A little girl with a knife and a man with a gun?
:KronosSB: Err… why, it’s a present for my new fiancé? Sorry that I haven’t tied them up properly yet… after I deflect this assassination attempt like the ruthless badass I am.
:BriannahSB: Oh, two assassins, just for me? Why, I’m flattered… and yah, a ruthless badass? Really?
:KronosSB: Well, err…
:BriannahSB: If yah’re such a badass, why don’t you ‘elp me take care of them, hmm? Do yah want to face the boy or the girl?

:NonSB: Stop wobbling around and keep them busy while I recharge this stupid gun!
:NonSB: B-but…
:BriannahSB: Isn’t that ye gun ‘e’s mishandling?
:KronosSB: …maybe?
>>
No. 652256 ID: 9ddf68

>Do yah want to face the boy or the girl
uhhhh, you're the guest here, it's only fair that you choose first.

Although we should probably go for whoever has the gun. I mean one it's ours, two we actually know how to use it, and three we're quick, we could probably get there before her recharges it or worse yet adds to much powder and cause the damn thing to explode. That's our brother's gun DAMNIT. these things are like flint lock pistols right? Meaning you can add to much powder and have the gun explode in your hand if you add to much right?
>>
No. 652257 ID: 57d76a

>>652252
Why. Why would you throw your gun. Do you WANT to lose it forever? Because if you HAD succeeded at your "throw it and run" plan that's almost certainly what would've happened.

Anyway. Let her handle the one with the knife. You can probably take an unarmed opponent but i wouldn't bet on you against a dagger wielder. Especially since they might actually know how to use that, unlike the gun.
>>
No. 652258 ID: 57d76a

Ngggh I really want to work in the "a weapon you don't know how to use belongs to your enemy" wrote but I don't know how.

... wait I guess that works.
>>
No. 652259 ID: eac8be

Use AGILITY to get ye gun.
>>
No. 652260 ID: fbc59e

Like to like?
She deals with the knife, you get to kick gun boy in the head for mishandling your weaponry, which he is likely to be doing.
>>
No. 652265 ID: 1cebc8

Nonlethal takedowns only!

Use agility and kicking to hit-and-run the girl. Once she's on the ground, stomp her until she lets go of the knife, not a moment earlier.
>>
No. 652268 ID: 46df9e

It would probably be a bad idea to let Briannah handle both herself. One has a knife and the other is reloading a gun; one of them would be no problem both could lead to her getting hurt badly. Let her handle the girl with the knife and you can keep the other one too distracted to reload the gun and shoot your fiance.
>>
No. 652270 ID: 334db2

> you’re still quite happy in the gilded cage you’re trapped in, even if there’s suddenly a bird eating beast locked outside the cage.
The bird eating beast has just laid claim to your bed, you short-sighted buffoon. Ah well, your fiance would have heard you anyway, and you're to skittish to tell a decent lie.

Go after the guy, you need your sidearm back. Grab a long gun to use as a club unless you can charge it in time.
>>
No. 652297 ID: 65a774
File 143578713139.png - (20.56KB , 684x524 , 29.png )
652297

>Why. Why would you throw your gun. Do you WANT to lose it forever?
You really didn’t have much time to think!
>The bird eating beast has just laid claim to your bed, you short-sighted buffoon.
The whole “Laying claim to your bed” is still under debate.

>Let her handle the one with the knife.
:KronosSB: Err… y-you take the lady?
:BriannahSB: …alright.

>You get to kick gun boy in the head for mishandling your weaponry, which he is likely to be doing.
You’re a bit hesitant about the whole attacking an armed man who wants you dead, as this is pretty much the first time in your life you’ve actually been in any kind of mortal danger. Though, as you notice, he probably won’t be able to use his weapon anyway as he’s charging it with way to much magic.
>Can you add to much powder and have the gun explode in your hand?
It’s possible to overcharge all the four different elemental guns with quite different effects. For example, a frost gun like that will probably freeze and shatter, taking most of his hand with… it… wait…
>That's our brother's gun DAMNIT.
… … …

:NonSB: Come on, cha-
:KronosSB: LET GO OF MY BROTHERS GUN, YOU SON OF A CONDOR!!

*TWACK!*
>>
No. 652298 ID: 65a774
File 143578714174.png - (39.48KB , 684x524 , 30.png )
652298

*TWACK!*
*TWACK!*
*TWACK!*

*TWACK!*

>Nonlethal takedowns only!
:BriannahSB: ‘ey, easy there, big boy. Yah want ‘im subdued, not braindead, eh?
:KronosSB: … … …I… I… oh gods…
:BriannahSB: First “kill”, eh? I know ‘ow it feels…
:KronosSB: I… I nearly bashed someone’s skull in!
:BriannahSB: ‘e did try to kill yah… and blow up ye brothers gun.
:KronosSB: …still… I…I don’t know what I should feel…
:BriannahSB: Let the adrenaline die down first, prince.
:KronosSB: …s-so… what happened to the other one?
:BriannahSB: I used one hand to snap ‘er arm like a twig and the other to crush ‘er head against my chest. She’s alive, but will probably eat with a straw the next few months… of course, she’ll be executed before that but still…
:KronosSB: …oh… t-that would explain the… err… b-blood… um…
>>
No. 652299 ID: b86a7d

Seems we've earned a little bit of respect 'prince'
>>
No. 652300 ID: 46df9e

When the adrenaline wears down you can realize you just got a respect upgrade to Prince, but don't open your mouth and mention you noticed it; it is better left unsaid between you two. I just wanted to point it out to you.

So I guess now that they're subdued leave Briannah here to watch them while you get some guards to lock these two up so your father can judge them later.
>>
No. 652306 ID: eac8be

Thank her for the help, and ask if she has to deal with this "seemingly loyal subjects turn out to be assassins" thing often. It is rather disconcerting.

They were likely not working alone, so we will need to have them questioned. Lock them up separately if possible so they can't coordinate stories before then, and have multiple guards on each in case they have a guard or two on their side.
>>
No. 652308 ID: 1cebc8

Call dibs on the girl as a torture prisoner. You've traumatized them both, best that you switch targets to prevent permanent brain damage.

Your main goal is to interrogate these two pawns, see if you can find out who sent them on such an obvious PR attack. Someone plans to profit from the impending war, and not "for the glory of their kingdom". You need to find out WHY.
>>
No. 652315 ID: e114bc

>>652298
Don't faint.
>>
No. 652318 ID: 334db2

>The whole “Laying claim to your bed” is still under debate.
She just used her 'veto power' to crush someone's skull. Unless killing that assassin means you can keep his backbone, I think you'll find your bargaining position lacking.
> Let the adrenaline die down first, prince.
Hey, she called you prince. Put a rain check on that 'prince charming' crack.

Might want to get some guards in here, maybe get them to check up on the rest of the royal family? I dunno the S.O.P. for this kind of thing, you tell me.
>>
No. 652320 ID: dbe554

Might need someone to polish her armor after, get the blood out.

Gotta admit, those assassins were very incompetent, so it was likely either planned that they were to be a scapegoat, or it was a spur of the moment treason over the fact that you are marrying a sakkil.

Either way, give one final kick to get that adrenalin out.
>>
No. 652365 ID: 65a774
File 143579946222.png - (38.03KB , 684x524 , 31.png )
652365

>Give one final kick to get that adrenalin out.
:KronosSB: This is for the gu- OW!
:BriannahSB: Easy there, big boy.
>Might want to get some guards in here.
:BriannahSB: I already saw a servant run to warn them as soon as yah started “fighting”.
:KronosSB: …but, they should be here by now… something is wrong.
:BriannahSB: Or they are all busy being paranoid about the Sakkilian in their midst… see, ‘ere they come.

:NonSB: Sire!? Are you alright?
:KronosSB: …I’m fine.
:NonSB: We came as soon as we heard! Forgive us for not being vigilant enough to prevent this from ever happening!
:KronosSB: It’s fine, r-really… just… give me some space… and do something about those two.
:NonSB: At once, sire!


>Don't faint.
While you do feel a bit light headed, it’s not that bad.
>you can realize you just got a respect upgrade to Prince, but don't open your mouth and mention you noticed it.
…well, at least something good come out of this. You have to wonder what triggered the update. Your fighting skills? Your “bravery”? Just that you’ve been in battle together?
>Put a rain check on that 'prince charming' crack.
Aw, but you were looking forward to that one…
>She just used her 'veto power' to crush someone's skull.
…You suddenly realized what you father meant when he said she usually gets what she wants.
>They were likely not working alone, so we will need to have them questioned.
You’re sure the guards will give them over the right people for that sort of thing.
>Call dibs on the girl as a torture prisoner.
…You’re pretty sure those things should be left to the professionals. Besides, you’ve always found the torture chamber kind of icky… not to mention the actual torture.


:KronosSB: …h-hey… thanks by the way… I would probably been screwed if it wasn’t for you.
:BriannahSB: Hmm? Don’t mention it. But I’m pretty sure yah would ‘ave outrun those bloody traitors.
:KronosSB: …maybe… by the way… have you ever dealt with something like this before? You know, “loyal” subjects suddenly turning?
:BriannahSB: What I know from experience is that it’s the one that are high up that yah should worry about, not the servants.
:KronosSB: …so that’s a yes?
:BriannahSB: Perhaps. Of course, it’s possible these two were just some random smucks that didn’t like yah marrying me and saw the opportunity.
:KronosSB: …they were rather incompetent, after all… So, what do you think? Someone has found a way to profit from another war?
:BriannahSB: Or they think they can beat us and kill us all. Everything doesn’t need to be about money or power, yah know. Either way, we should try to find out why later.
>>
No. 652366 ID: 65a774
File 143579947821.png - (32.92KB , 684x524 , 32.png )
652366

>Might need someone to polish her armor after, get the blood out.
:BriannahSB: I’m more concerned about the tabard. It’s ceremonial and isn’t made to take blood that well…
:KronosSB: Oh, well I- Err… w-wh… … …
:BriannahSB: You know, I keep forgetting how delicious ye guys… are… err…
>>
No. 652367 ID: 65a774
File 143579948507.png - (24.36KB , 684x524 , 33.png )
652367

:BriannahSB: …oh, arse… I forgot who I was talking to for a second… err… …I’m sorry?
:KronosSB:
:BriannahSB: …I’ll make it up to you?
>>
No. 652373 ID: 510d86

... Mind if I sit next to my father during tonight's feast? On the other side of the table from you?
>>
No. 652376 ID: 334db2

...I'd like to reiterate my request to sleep alone.
>>
No. 652389 ID: dbe554

Don't panic, don't fluff up, don't move if you can't move she can't see you.

Either way she just confirmed one of the most abhorrent rumors about her kind. While it's going to be odd, ask about it more in detail, I mean...might as well learn about it now before you discover horrible things later.
>>
No. 652396 ID: 9297f4

Maybe we could ask how our race tastes?
>>
No. 652400 ID: e114bc

>>652367
How can you eat a person. Who would do that.
>>
No. 652428 ID: e6fcea

>I’m sorry?
>I’ll make it up to you?
Let's start with forgetting this little conversation ever happened. And if it ever happens, she'll be sleeping on the floor. You'll save that offer for her making it up to you for another time, though.
>>
No. 652432 ID: 1cebc8

Walk back to your father.

Begin screaming about THIS particular problem.
>>
No. 652443 ID: 350a50

>>652367
"What the fuck is wrong with you!" is an entirely justified reaction in this scenario.
>>
No. 652445 ID: 334db2

Don't squander political capital by getting mad. Something tells me you won't be seeing a lot of that humble look she's got on right now.
>>
No. 652447 ID: ebcefd

Looks like time for some Awkward Silence.
>>
No. 652476 ID: 57d76a

"W-wait, so you, you mean you actually do..."
>>
No. 652542 ID: 65a774
File 143583295951.png - (23.14KB , 684x524 , 34.png )
652542

>Something tells me you won't be seeing a lot of that humble look she's got on right now.
…you better enjoy it while it lasts then.

:KronosSB: W-wait, so you, you mean you actually do...
:BriannahSB: …yah didn’t know? And ‘ere I thought yah’d read about our culture or something at least.
:KronosSB: So that’s a yes!?
:BriannahSB: …yes.
:KronoSB: … … …WHAT, IN THE NAME OF THE FIVE GODS, IS WRONG WITH YOU!?
:BriannahSB: …It’s understandable that there will be a bit of culture clash concerning this tidbit. Both our races do have some… different ideals concerning some things, don’t we?
:KronosSB: How, just… how can you eat a person!? Why would you eat a person!?
:BriannahSB: How can ye turn someone’s bones into a chair? Their skin into the bindings of a book?
:KronosSB: T-that’s not the s-same thing!
:BriannahSB: It isn’t? Really? I just have to point out, I’ve notice that most of the furniture in the palace is rather new… no more than three years old, in fact…
:KronosSB: That’s not what… not… ugh…

:KronosSB: *Sigh* Fine… c-can you tell me about the whole… c-cannibalism thing?
:BriannahSB: Really?
:KronosSB: Y-yes. I rather learn about things like that now instead of discovering horrible things later.
:BriannahSB: It’s not really cannibalism but… hmm… see, yah believe ye get yah strength from ye five gods, do yah not? That those five creatures gives ye yah knowledge, courage and skill?
:KronosSB: Yes? That’s the way things are in the real world, you know…
:BriannahSB: Well, we on the other ‘and knows that yah gain ye strengths from yah ancestors.
:KronosSB: …that doesn’t explain the whole eating others thing.
:BriannahSB: How do yah think we gain these strengths? By consuming the part of the body that ‘old it we gain a part of it. If ‘e was strong then we eat his muscles to gain his strength, if she was courageous then we eat ‘er ‘eart, if he was wise then-
:KronosSB: I get it, I get it… and I’m pretty sure that’s not how the world works…
:BriannahSB: Oh? Do yah have proof? Then ‘ow ‘ave I’ve gotten this big, hmm?
:KronosSB: …I’m more concerned why the five haven’t smitten you all yet…
:BriannahSB: Indeed…
:KronosSB: …now, I know I’m going to regret this but… how do we taste?
:BriannahSB: … … …like an odd fusion of beef and chicken. There’s nothing quite like it.

:KronosSB: Right… so… about you making this up to me?
:BriannahSB: ‘ow about I owe yah a favor? I’ll do anything yah want at a later time, eh? Well, nearly anything.
:KronosSB: That might work… now, I hope you don’t mind me… err… sitting with my father, far away from you after that… display.
:BriannahSB: …sadly, we ‘ave no choice but to sit next to each other. It’s what’s expected of us. We’re supposed to symbolize the union of our peoples, after all.
:KronosSB: I also like to reiterate my request to sleep alone.
:BriannahSB: That I can’t do anything about either. Ye beds aren’t really designed for someone with my… girth. In fact, there are only a few beds in the palace that can hold my weight… and none of them are unoccupied. Oh, and let’s not forget that all my things should be in ye room by now… and that I need the space of ye room to take care of… some of my other wounds.
:KronosSB: And if I used that favor to ask you to sleep somewhere else?
:BriannahSB: Then I would be very cross with yah tomorrow, as I wake up with a bad back after sleeping on the floor, as well as pains in both my arm and leg. I need a proper bed to sleep soundly.
:KronosSB: …right. Remind me to go yell to my father about this whole… pairing me with a man eating thing thing.
:BriannahSB: We don’t kill to eat. We only eat those that are already dead.
:KronosSB: I don’t see how that’s any better.
:BriannahSB: And I’m pretty sure ye father already knew about this.
:KronosSB:
>>
No. 652547 ID: 9ddf68

just... just how badly were both armies devastated in this war, what even caused it? I mean the thing only ended 3 years ago, both sides have done things to the other that alone could spark another war during the first war, and now the leaders on both sides are pairing off their kids, one which has a phobia of Sakkilian and the other who seems more and more to be here on her own choosing for reason not yet know. You don't have to ask her but just how badly hurt was Vark's army during the war and how badly hurt was the Sakkilian army hurt that you know of?

Also furniture made from bones and the skin of your fallen enemies? Is wood and animal leather so hard to come by around here?
>>
No. 652553 ID: dbe554

I figure most of the furniture is made from potential sakkil leather as a war trophy. Rather then some sort of constant thing as the whole war was rather gruesome enough that people still have to deal with thee ffects of it. Taking trophies would make one feel that the enemy isn't invincible, that they can be killed.
>>
No. 652569 ID: 334db2

>That’s not what… not… ugh…
Wow, much speechcraft.
>And I’m pretty sure ye father already knew about this.
uuuugh. And he's just going to turn anything you say around and say 'you so ignorant'. Goddammit.

Alright, we'll try to find another place we can sleep tonight.
>>
No. 652575 ID: 3c63a1

Consider the possibility that your mother was eaten after she was killed.
>>
No. 652609 ID: 849b2b

>>652575

Let's not do this.

Finding another place to sleep sounds good, though. How about asking Cain?
>>
No. 652616 ID: 65a774
File 143586191266.png - (39.71KB , 684x524 , 35.png )
652616

>Alright, we'll try to find another place we can sleep tonight.
Well, you guess you should take a room in the guest wing of the palace… but then you’ll be surrounded by other Sakkilians… and you do know this rather fancy house of pleasure you’ve visited before… but, as you’ve just had two people tried to kill you, you’re feeling a bit hesitant about leaving the palace grounds. In fact, the royal wind would be the most protected part of the palace… hmm… she’s right when she said your bed is enormous… so maybe you can build some kind of temporary wall between you two and still have enough room to sleep soundly?
>How about asking Cain?
If anyone knows where there is a spare bed it would be him.

>Furniture made from bones and the skin of your fallen enemies? Is wood and animal leather so hard to come by around here?
It’s more of a traditional thing then anything, really. It was how things were done back in the “glory” days.
>I figure most of the furniture is made from potential sakkil leather as a war trophy.
In a sense, it was. You even remember an old rug you had hanging on the wall made out of some high ranking sakkilian leathery hide. You did quite enjoy having it around when you were smaller… even if you did dream about it coming to life and eating you once or twice. Of course, as with most things made out of Sakkilian hide and bones, you had to remove it when the peace broke out.

>Consider the possibility that your mother was eaten after she was killed.
That would be impossible, as they were able to push back the Sakkilian attack and recover her corpse. Her body has been purified in the five gods holy fire and ascended to the kingdom in the heavens. Still… there’s something you should ask Briannah about this subject.

:KronosSB: Briannah? About this whole eating the dead thing… what did you do with soldiers and the like from other nations?
:BriannahSB: Depends, really. If they were fierce warriors that was slain in combat or brilliant commanders killed in a raid, then it is our duty to pass on their legacy, is it not?
:KronosSB: And if they were still alive?
:BriannahSB: We don’t eat people that’s still alive. We don’t kill to eat, but we eat those that ‘ave passed away.
:KronosSB: And if you didn’t know who it was?
:BriannahSB: Then we bury them normally. After all, it’s possible they would be weaklings and only make us weaker if we feasted on them.
:KronosSB: …huh… this is probably a lot more than I ever wanted to know about… um… ritualistic cannibalism…

>Just... just how badly were both armies devastated in this war, what even caused it?
You don’t actually know the full extent of what happened to your armies… nor what really started it all. Both sides have their own ideas of who started it and why.
>Ask her just how badly hurt was the armies during the war.
:BriannahSB: …yah don’t know? Let me put it this way, neither of us ‘ave an army anymore.
:KronosSB: …it can’t be that bad.
:BriannahSB: Oh, but it is. Only by combining the few things we ‘ave left can we actually call it an army.
:KronosSB: Still, we’re in peace. Are we really that desperate to build up a new army?
:BriannahSB: … …yah have no idea, do you? Heh… well, if yah want to know the full extent of what’s ‘appening, we can talk about it later over a proper map of our nations.
:KronosSB: …I guess…

:KronosSB: Now… you said you needed soap?
:BriannahSB: Oh, I was just kidding about that… well, I still need something to wash my back with, but I’ll ask the servants for some kind of brush or something…
:KronosSB: …then why were you here at the shooting range?
:BriannahSB: Well, I came looking for yah… and when I saw you shooting I just had to watch it. Ye are quite the good shoot, yah know.
:KronosSB: …Thanks, I’ve trained a lot with these guns.
:BriannahSB: It’s apparent that you did.
:KronosSB: So, you wanted to see me because…?
:BriannahSB: Oh, I wanted to give yah this!
:KronosSB: … … …a broken sword? Err… why do I-
:BriannahSB: Yah’re a smart kid, yah figure it out.
:KronosSB: It’s… um… made out of a rather high quality steel… and it has some excellent craftsmanship.
:BriannahSB: …I expected yah to say it was and rusty old piece of junk.
:KronosSB: Well, I don’t know much about blades, but I do know this one is important to “yah” somehow.
:BriannahSB: …t-thank you.
>>
No. 652618 ID: dbe554

Ask her about her accent, is that normal among them or is it due to her ah...scarring?

Anyways I wonder if it's some sort of marriage proposal, or peace offering. A broken sword is symbolic of 'laying of arms' or showing that your weapon isn't ready to kill the other.
>>
No. 652620 ID: 46df9e

Seems you got her tail wiggling again; let's see about reading a book on sakkilians, and find out more about our betrothed and her culture. Perhaps we should start with gift giving see if there is any special contexts to this gift we're missing.
>>
No. 652621 ID: 334db2

>Only by combining the few things we ‘ave left can we actually call it an army.
That army will need to defend approximately twice as much territory as before. I understand we're only supposed to talk about peace and flowers and the coming union like good little diplomats, but do you really think one of our empires would stick it's out for the other in practice?

I'm guessing the sword belonged to one of her own lost family members, if my trope detector that lack of a blade is any indication.
>>
No. 652623 ID: 57d76a

>>652542
>"we only eat those that are already dead"
>"i don't see how that's better"
... Really?

Also, I gotta say, personally I find your "make furniture of defeated enemies" creepier than her cannibalism.

> what do
Ask whose it was, I guess.
>>
No. 652639 ID: 65a774
File 143587027730.png - (37.89KB , 684x524 , 36.png )
652639

>Seems you got her tail wiggling again.
As soon as you complimented the blade it started trashing like crazy.
>Anyways I wonder if it's some sort of marriage proposal, or peace offering.
It’s an odd gift without any kind of context, that’s what it is.
>I'm guessing the sword belonged to one of her own lost family members.
The sword itself seems to be rather old… very old in fact. If there signature on the hilt is to believed, this thing was forged over a hundred years ago by someone called “Myseth”. Is it some kind of ancestral blade? The Sakkilian are quite fond over their ancestors, after all.

>Ask whose it was, I guess.
:BriannahSB: And ruin the surprise? Nah, yah’re supposed to figure that out yeself.
>Ask her about her accent, is that normal among them
:BriannahSB: Accent? I don’t ‘ave an accent. Ye are the one with an accent.

>That army will need to defend approximately twice as much territory as before.
:BriannahSB: Indeed. The only reason we ‘ave a chance is because we compensate for each other’s weaknesses.
:KronosSB: Weaknesses? Like we got a better cavalry or…?
:BriannahSB: We ‘ave raw resources, gold, foot soldiers and the means to train them quickly. Yah ‘ave infrastructure, artisans, connections and leadership. What one of us lack, the other one ‘ave.
>Do you really think one of our empires would stick it's out for the other in practice?
:BriannahSB: Yah’d be amazed what people can do when something they love is on the line. Of course, there will be opposition from both sides still.
:KronosSB: Yeah, this alliance isn’t going to go very smooth…
:BriannahSB: Now, if yah’ll excuse me, I believe I still need to clean up before tonight. I’ll be seeing yah later, prince.
:KronosSB: Be seeing you, Briannah.



>Let's see about reading a book on Sakkilians, and find out more about our betrothed and her culture.
While searching the appropriate sections of the palace library, you find an old book that says it contain the hidden secrets of the Sakkilian culture. It’s a bit too big to take in one setting, so you should probably only focus on the things that are relevant.
>Perhaps we should start with gift giving see if there are any special contexts to this gift we're missing.
You look up the chapter concerning gifts and the like, but you can’t find anything about a broken sword.
“Basilisk Blood” – A popular drink among the Sakkilian Royalty. Often shared before love making.
“Frost Wyvern eye” – A gift given to your significant other, means “eternal love”. Often shared before love making.
“Human skull” – A trophy often given to court a female. Often shared before love making.
“Innocent Vark child meat” – A delicacy among the Sakkilian nobility. Often shared before love making.
…something tells you this book might be a bit… um… “out of date”, and you’re rather sure this was the only book here concerning the subject… at least the only book that you should find.
>>
No. 652642 ID: 9297f4

.....I'm tempted for that human skull.
>>
No. 652644 ID: 1cebc8

Ugh, did she kill your brother in combat, eat his corpse, and just give you your brother's old sword? Probably not, that would be disturbing...

Ask her later if you can reforge the sword into a gun barrel. Strength of their ancestors, right?

Innocent Vark Child Meat? Might be propaganda, or just regular cultural basics from a previous age.

Do some more research on firearm mechanics. See if you can't think something up, like an extra-long-range firearm.
>>
No. 652647 ID: 350a50

>>652644
Or a more efficient reloading method.
>>
No. 652651 ID: 46df9e

>>652644
>>652647
I don't know if this gift is as sentimental as it's seeming to me it may not be a good idea to try to turn it into something useful; especially considering how happy it seemed to make her that we did not calling it a broken hunk of junk.
>>
No. 652663 ID: 334db2

I can see this alliance going over great with the masses if that book is any indication.

> Nah, yah’re supposed to figure that out yeself.
She's either brought it here to be fixed by one of your artisans or it's of sentimental value. Look up anything about weaponry in that book.
>>
No. 652675 ID: 9ddf68

see if you can't find anything about weapons in there but take everything you get from this book with a pinch of salt. Not really to sure on how accurate this book is.
>>
No. 652711 ID: 742b4a

>>652639
Look up the name on the sword.
>>
No. 652733 ID: 825af6

Going by just those four items you'd do best best to not take the contents of this book as truth. "Innocent Vark child meat" practically reeks of disinformation and propaganda. It also doesn't line up with what Briannah told you 'cause a child almost certainly wouldn't have any outstanding strengths to warrant eating. ...You never thought you'd ever think something like that in your life... Anyway... Even if there is a grain of truth here it seems to be written to greatly play up the Sakkilians' barbarism and savagery. And even if it wasn't, you don't have any of those gifts anyway, so it's rather moot.

Just how old is this book? And was it written by a Vark? 'Cause if it was written by a Vark within the time period of the war or not long before it then you can be pretty sure they didn't get their information first hand from Sakkilians and most likely are pulling "facts" out of their arse.

If you want to further confirm this tome isn't worth the paper it's printed on, look up the section on Sakkilian ritual cannibalism. If it's not anywhere near what Briannah told you then you can be reasonably assured that closing this book and not taking it's contents seriously is a sound course of action.

It is rather odd that there aren't any more books here on Sakkilian society and culture. Though, with the war and the probable animosity between the Sakkilians and the Vark for who knows how long before it there probably hasn't been a Vark scholar doing such studies in Sakkilian lands for many, many decades. But even then, you'd think the Grand Royal Library would have imported at least a few volumes on the subject written by those from nations or of species the Sakkilians don't or didn't have hostilities with.

One explanation you can think of for the lack of books on this subject is that all the good ones were checked out by the senior palace staff to read up on in preparation for the arrival of Briannah, leaving just this known erroneous volume behind. Another is that all the accurate, non-propaganda volumes were put into storage at the start of the war, or worse, destroyed. But whatever the reason, you won't find it out sitting here. Seek out the head librarian and ask him or her why there's such a dearth of material on Sakkilian culture here, why the single tome there is reeks of a combination of misinformation and disinformation with a smattering of sensationalism, and if all the other, more accurate, books have been checked out and by whom.

Another probable source of reasonably accurate information on Sakkilians, both cultural and in other ways, would be your father's personal library. He likely has collected at least a few books on them to aid his diplomatic efforts. And another group of people who likely have at least semi-accurate volumes on this subject is the chancellor or whoever it is that's in charge of national diplomacy here and their diplomatic staff.

See if you can find an illustrated tome of historical arms that contains examples from the Sakkilian Empire. If there is one then you can use it to possibly narrow down the origin point of the broken sword by its style and how old it is. You might even get lucky and find that it has a style unique to a specific notable smith. Or it might turn out the style isn't even that of Sakkilians of that period.

Also see if you can dig up a book with credible info on Briannah's family dynasty and what the laws of succession are in the Sakkilian Empire. You want to know just what she stood to inherit before she was betrothed to you.

Perhaps you should consider getting Briannah a gift that isn't traditionally Sakkilian, since she probably has gotten so many of them. Maybe get her something that's distinctly Varkian or hard to come by in the Sakkilian Empire. She did say that on the trip here she "found this great vista but sadly I didn’t have the time to give it proper justice," which sounds like she's probably a painter. So maybe you could come up with a gift that she would enjoy as an artist. But what would it be...?

>Accent? I don’t ‘ave an accent. Ye are the one with an accent.
...Wait a sec. This implies that Briannah didn't learn your nation's language later on in life, 'cause if she did she'd know she'd be speaking with an accent. Does this mean the language in the Sakkilian Empire is the same as that in Varkland, albeit with just enough divergence to have a accent? Or is it that she learned both her native tongue and that of your people when she was young? Or perhaps it is that you speak with a distinctly noble and upper-class accent compared to the common Varkian accent she picked up when learning your peoples' language?

>Yah ‘ave infrastructure, artisans, connections and leadership.
"Artisans?" How do painters and sculptors help- Oh! She meant "artificers," didn't she? Blacksmiths, craftsmen, and the like. And especially gunsmiths. Though, why didn't she mention mages on either side? Are you both about equal in that regard?

Oh, and just to be sure you didn't forget to do it in the excitement after the assassination attempt, you did dump the powder out and safely discharge your brother's pistol after that traitorous scum overfilled it? And do you think you should have your gunsmith examine the runes for possible damage from the overcharge before firing it again?

With the threat of assassination suddenly over you, from now on you won't be going anywhere without a loaded pistol on your person. Even in cases where you can't carry a regular pistol since it'd be you'll hide one of those tiny one or two shot holdout pistols on your person. You're not going to get caught flat footed the next time.

Now that you think about it, having Briannah sharing your bed would actually help protect you from assassins getting you in your sleep. After all, it'd be one more set of ears that a possible assassin may disturb, and if they do they'll get pounded into the floorboards. ...Though, thinking more on it, she's going to a make a hell of a dent in the mattress when she lays down. Like, a canyon-sized one. So you better be prepared for the possibility you'll roll over in your sleep into that "canyon" and come morning wake up pressed against a muscled wall of scales.

Attack of the Return of the Wall of Text part 3: Text Harder!
>>
No. 652783 ID: 65a774
File 143593539315.png - (46.44KB , 684x524 , 37.png )
652783

> "Artisans?" How do painters and sculptors help?
For a second, you mistake the word artisans for artists, thus making Briannahs statement kind of silly.
>Did she kill your brother in combat, eat his corpse, and just give you your brother's old sword?
Just as with your mother, they were able to recover your brother’s corpse. After all, we won that battle… well, kind of. It was a bit of a pyrrhic victory.
>Why didn't she mention mages on either side? Are you both about equal in that regard?
You guess she filed that under connection, as most mages and knowledge in the arcane arts in the kingdom comes from a Serpent nation on the other side of the sea that you’re friendly with. That’s where we got the means to start mass producing guns and rifles from.
>Does this mean the language in the Sakkilian Empire is the same as that in Varkland, albeit with just enough divergence to have a accent?
As this area was originally one great empire once, it’s not that weird that most people speak the same language.

>You did dump the powder out and safely discharge your brother's pistol after that traitorous scum overfilled it?
You cleaned it out and gave it to one of the gun caretakers. You should have it back in an hour or two.
>With the threat of assassination suddenly over you, from now on you won't be going anywhere without a loaded pistol on your person.
…suddenly you feel rather naked without your gun. You make a mental note to make sure to keep two of them at the ready just in case from now on.
>Now that you think about it, having Briannah sharing your bed would actually help protect you from assassins getting you in your sleep.
Those are some nice pros, indeed. It would seem your own bedroom will probably be the safest place to sleep… but, there is still the problem with Briannah actually sleeping in your bed at all.
>...Though, thinking more on it, she's going to a make a hell of a dent in the mattress when she lays down. Like, a canyon-sized one.
Luckily, the bed should be big enough that you’ll need to roll over several times before you get crushed under her mass.

>Ask her later if you can reforged the sword into a gun barrel.
…for some reason, you feel like she might get angry if you ask that… like, really angry. I’ll eat you alive angry.
>Perhaps you should consider getting Briannah a gift that isn't traditionally Sakkilian, since she probably has gotten so many of them. Maybe get her something that's distinctly Varkian.
Hmm… but what? You have a feeling a bouquet of flowers and some seeds dipped in yogurt isn’t going to enough.
>.....I'm tempted for that human skull.
…where are you even supposed to get one of those? It’s not like you have one on hand.
>She did say that on the trip here she "found this great vista but sadly I didn’t have the time to give it proper justice," which sounds like she's probably a painter.
Hmm… if she is a painter, which you have to double check, then there might be something lying around the old studio. You and your sister used to paint in there when you were a kids, but it’s been standing unused for a few years now.
>Do some more research on firearm mechanics.
Researching the necessary arcane theory and engineering principles to fully understand the secret of a gun and how to improve them would take years. You don’t have the energy to do something like that.

>Innocent Vark Child Meat? Might be propaganda.
It does sound a bit like propaganda, yes.
>Just how old is this book? And was it written by a Vark?
…apparently, it was written by a Vark under the war… so, yes, it’s probably propaganda.
>If you want to further confirm this tome isn't worth the paper it's printed on, look up the section on Sakkilian ritual cannibalism.
...Apparently they eat their enemies while they are still alive, eat anyone that show weakness and their own young as soon as they are born… so, yes, clearly propaganda.
>I can see this alliance going over great with the masses if that book is any indication.
To be fair, it was written under the war…



>Seek out the head librarian and ask him or her why there's such a dearth of material on Sakkilian culture here.
Well, you do know the head librarian here by name… even if you can never pronounce that weird Hiver name properly.

:KronosSB: Sebkai? Are you there?
:SbktaSB: It’s S’bk’ta, but yes, my prince, I’m here. How can I assist you?
:KronosSB: I’m looking for a book about Sakkilian culture.
:SbktaSB: Oh, then you’re a bit late, I’m afraid. I believe nearly all of them have already been borrowed by other people. See, a lot of people don’t want to accidentally offend these new guests of ours. Have you checked the library already?
:KronosSB: I found a book called “Sakkilan and their secrets”…
:SbktaSB: Ah… that’s… I thought I removed that book already. As you surly noticed, it’s filled with old propaganda.
:KronosSB: So, you can’t help me?
:SbktaSB: Well… I do have an option for you. There’s a book that’s been removed called “Sakkilians weaknesses”, three volumes in fact, that would work.
:KronosSB: Weaknesses?
:SbktaSB: Most of it is about how to efficiently kill of a lot of Sakkilians, but apparently their culture and habits should be well documented in it.
:KronosSB: So that’s why it was removed? Not to offend our guests with plans on how to kill them?
:SbktaSB: That and it’s bound in fine Sakkilian leather.
:KronosSB: Ah… of course.
:SbktaSB: Right this way, my prince, I’ll open a private room for you to use.

>Look up historical arms from the Sakkilian empire.
Let’s see… The handle is definitely of Sakkilian origin… probably used by and high ranking army officer or noble.
>Look up info on Briannah's family dynasty.
…that’s odd. According to this book the empress only had three sons.
>Look up the laws of succession is in the Sakkilian Empire.
Apparently, they have some kind of “election” among the upper class of who will become the new empress or emperor. In fact, no one seems to inherit anything by default…
>Look up the name on the sword.
“Myseth”… a family that has a long history of working in the army, mostly as officers. The family died out when the last in the line was killed in the war, a general Eratin Myseth.
>Look up anything about weaponry in that book.
Hmm… there’s a lot about the importance of ancestral weapons and armor in Sakkilian culture, but nothing about broken blades… wait, what is this? “They also use weapons or armor passed along their families to propose to their significant other. This is accomplished by one part gifting an ancestral item, often one worn and broken, to the one they wishes to propose to and if they return it repaired and properly maintained it means that they have accepted the… proposal…” …wait…did she…

New icon is behaving strangely, can’t figure out why.
>>
No. 652786 ID: dbe554

It's possible she may be a child by adoption rather then a full blooded heir, considering that they seem to have elections would make for less of an issue of inheritance.

And that is indeed a marriage proposal sword hilt. I guess we may need to get it properly fixed later.... And speaking of which, he may not have been the last in his line if she's holding said sword.
>>
No. 652787 ID: 334db2

Why is Sakkilian leather & ivory used at all, anyway?

>According to this book the empress only had three sons.
I'm guessing past tense 'had' is particularly apt in this case.
>…wait…did she…
Propose at you, yes. Now you should probably find one of those artisans your people are so famous for to fix the thing. And lock it up in the meantime so nobody steals it.
>>
No. 652788 ID: 46df9e

I'm guessing this means Briannah is not the daughter of the Empresses husband, and is instead the child of an illegitimate union between the Empress and this general. See if you can find out more about illegitimate children in their culture.
>>
No. 652796 ID: e8dcb5

>>652783
So she gave you an authentic Sakkilian marriage proposal. A choice your own family isn't really giving you.

First thing you should probably look up in those books is body language. It would be nice to know what that tail-thing is about.

For the future: knock or otherwise announce yourself when you return to your room. On top of the shock value of walking in on her naked, Briannah mentioned 'other wounds', which will introduce you to a new, horrible level of awkward if you walk in while she's treating herself.
>>
No. 652815 ID: 65a774
File 143594640121.png - (46.08KB , 663x508 , 38.png )
652815

>Why is Sakkilian leather & ivory used at all, anyway?
Well, the leather is though, hardy and has a nice, forestry green color…
>For the future: knock or otherwise announce yourself when you return to your room.
You have to remember that so you don’t have to wash your eyes with soap next time you return to your room.
>So she gave you an authentic Sakkilian marriage proposal.
… …you have to wonder if she’s expecting you to propose in the Vrakian way as well.
>Now you should probably find one of those artisans your people are so famous for to fix the thing.
Yes, that would be prudent. You’re supposed to accept this thing for the kingdom and stuff. You’ll pass the palace artificer on the way back to your room later, you can hand it over then.

>It's possible she may be a child by adoption rather than a full blooded heir.
That’s a possibility… but why adopt Briannah?
>I'm guessing this means Briannah is not the daughter of the Empresses husband, and is instead the child of an illegitimate union between the Empress and this general.
That’s also probable. You’re not sure if you should ask her about this directly or not.

>See if you can find out more about illegitimate children in their culture.
…apparently, blood in itself isn’t really considered. They belong to whatever family that accepts them, including both if that’s what happens. That means if Briannah isn’t the Emperor son, the Empress has still accepted her and made her part of the imperial family.
>First thing you should probably look up in those books is body language. It would be nice to know what that tail-thing is about.
Let’s see… tail wagging is usually a sign of excitement… or if the tail curls a lot, a sign of happiness. A twitching tail on the other hand is a sign of anger. There’s also a bit about how the tail are used, for example, to caress or squeeze someone is a sign of affection, while hiding behind it is a sign of shame. There’s a lot here about tail moments, really…
>>
No. 652819 ID: 46df9e

The tail looked pretty curled even when she first saw you so it looks like she was looking forward to this. There seems be a bit of nuance to the tail; I hope we won't be misinterpreting it. So what are some Vark propsal rituals? It could be a good idea to hand her back your own proposal at the same time as you accept hers.
>>
No. 652821 ID: 9297f4

She might actually want you to reforge it yourself. Couldn't hurt to have some help, but she might be disappointed otherwise.
>>
No. 652832 ID: 742b4a

>>652815
...look up the names of the Empress' sons. Look for a Brian.

How do you tell the gender of a Sakkil? Aren't there eye markings or something?
>>
No. 652845 ID: 825af6

What's that bookmark marking? And what does the crest on it signify? Is that your family's crest?

What's that crossed out image of a tail touching a Vark about? That signs of affection from a Sakkilian to a Vark is considered bad by Sakkilian society?

Didn't Briannah caress you with her tail right after putting you down? That's a lot of affection to show someone at first meeting, especially a Vark. And her tail showed she was either excited or happy multiple times when you two were talking. And she said she chose to come stay a year here of her own volition... Oh, no... Oh, no! Oh, Gods, that's why she's been so happy to be betrothed to you! She's a bloody Varkophile! And she's got the hots for you! Oh, Gods above, why?! It's bad enough that you're forced into marrying her, but now you have to deflect her amorous advances too! Oh, why?!

>>652832
>...look up the names of the Empress' sons. Look for a Brian.
...Oh, Gods... A terrible, terrible thought runs through your mind, making your blood run cold. You quickly thumb through the book for the marks and traits to identify a Sakkilian's sex, followed by checking for a list of Sakkilian Empire generals for any mention of a General Briannah or a Sakkilian of phenomenal stature and strength living in modern times, either a general or otherwise. Is it noted whether Eratin Myseth was of unusual height and strength as well? And check on Sakkilian society's stance on homosexuality and those who're transgendered.
>>
No. 652847 ID: 825af6

Oh, and also check the publication date for the book. It might be that the Empress adopted Briannah after it was published which is why it only lists her sons.
>>
No. 652861 ID: 65a774
File 143596017641.png - (44.62KB , 684x524 , 39.png )
652861

>She might actually want you to reforge it yourself.
That’s not going too happened… and the book doesn’t mention anything about doing it yourself, just that the partner got it repaired.
>So what are some Vark propsal rituals?
Generally, you give lady a splendid night before offering a bracelet of gold or silver imbued with a gemstone of some kind. Later, the lady is supposed to give another bracelet back to the man for him to wear, often one that matches the first one.
>It could be a good idea to hand her back your own proposal at the same time as you accept hers.
Hmm… that should work.

>Check the publication date for the book.
Right in the middle of the war, apparently.
>What's that crossed out image of a tail touching a Vark about?
“Warning, if a Sakkilian caress you after you’ve been captured, try to flee at once. It means the Sakkilian is looking forward of eating you and your execution is near.” …well, that’s comforting.
>How do you tell the gender of a Sakkil?
Females are larger, have wider hips, smaller shoulders and are generally rounder, especially in the face. Male are more square faced and generally got a “beard” on their chin. You saw some males when Briannah first arrived, and there where quite a distinct difference between the two.
>The tail looked pretty curled even when she first saw you so it looks like she was looking forward to this.
Hmm… why was she so happy getting forced to marry me?

>What's that bookmark marking? And what does the crest on it signify? Is that your family's crest?
That’s odd, you know you’ve seen that crest before, but you can’t quite place it. The bookmark is neatly placed at the start of a chapter concerning poisons effective against Sakkilians for some reason. You have to wonder why.
>Check on Sakkilian society's stance on homosexuality and those who're transgendered.
…it seems they are more concerned about heirs, blood related or otherwise, then who actually share your bed with… or what you think you are. This includes all kind of interspecies marriages too.
>Checking for a list of Sakkilian Empire generals for any mention of a General Briannah.
…you can’t find any mention of a Briannah anywhere.
>...look up the names of the Empress' sons. Look for a Brian.
None of her sons are named Brain, but one of them goes by the name Brianthor… wait…
>>
No. 652862 ID: 65a774
File 143596018758.png - (41.99KB , 684x524 , 40.png )
652862

>Didn't Briannah caress you with her tail right after putting you down?

>Empress doesn’t have daughters.

>She said she chose to come stay a year here of her own volition.

>Empress has a son called Brianthor.

>She's a bloody Varkophile!

>Brianthor, not Briannah.




[Internal screaming]
>>
No. 652864 ID: 9b7af8

ok...let's just calm down for now... No matter how good a book is, there is still the chance that it might have a little flaw.
Let's calm down, and calmly ask Briannah/Brianthor about this. Also, they could have pretended that "She" was male in order to protect her somehow?
It was published in middle of the war after all...
>>
No. 652865 ID: 1cebc8

... You finished squealing yet?

Alright, MAYBE it's not as bad as it looks. Briannah might have taken on a male personality to curry favor with her troops. If it's the other way around, this marriage was political anyway.

Talk to your father about this. If you get too uncomfortable you can always leave the city and do something productive with your life.
>>
No. 652866 ID: 02e282

The symbol was on your mother's books!
>>
No. 652868 ID: 334db2

They say a picture says a thousand words, and your face says 'don't drop the soap' two hundred and fifty times. How's that gilded cage looking now?

There are still some explanations for this, from magical fuckery to purposely concealing her gender for hierarchical reasons. However, you are owed an explanation. Tell her you looked through a book on Sakkilian culture, and found something interesting.

That bookmark in front of the chapter on poison does not bode well for the diplomatic dinner. Take the bookmark and ask the librarian about it.
>>
No. 652871 ID: 57d76a

Hmm. Well, there's an alternate explanation for her happiness besides being a Varkophile, then: it's quite possible this is one of the first times she's been able to be openly female. And that applies regardless of whether she's transgender or just was posing as a male.

Also: get that girl some food tasters, stat.
>>
No. 652872 ID: 46df9e

Take that Bookmark and ask S’bk’ta if he has a list of everyone who has viewed this book recently, or if he recognizes the crest on the bookmark. I have a feeling someone is going to try to poison Briannah at your father's feast tonight.
>>
No. 652878 ID: 9ddf68

>The bookmark is neatly placed at the start of a chapter concerning poisons effective against Sakkilians for some reason. You have to wonder why.
might want to bring this little tidbit of information to your father before the feast starts.

>Internal screaming
read some more about this Brianthor character. See if you can't find a picture or at least a description of the guy.
>>
No. 652899 ID: 742b4a

>>652862
Not into guys? It's fine, you don't have to have sex with... whoever it is. Her anatomy looks female, though. Is magic/technology advanced enough to change someone's physical gender? Maybe she was born male, but no longer is. If so, this doesn't really change much.

Oh, and that crest on the bookmark is the same crest that was on one of your mother's books. Another assassination attempt is about to go down, this time against her. Warn her.
>>
No. 652902 ID: fbc59e

She looks more like the female than the male, calm your feathers before you end up an impromptu duster!
>>
No. 652936 ID: 350a50

>That’s odd, you know you’ve seen that crest before, but you can’t quite place it. The bookmark is neatly placed at the start of a chapter concerning poisons effective against Sakkilians for some reason. You have to wonder why.

Yeah, might want to warn both Brianwhatever and your father.
Ask the librarian first who else has had access to this book.

Other issues can wait. Assassins will not.
>>
No. 652940 ID: 742b4a

On the other hand it's possible someone in the kitchen looked up things poisonous to Sakkilians so not to *accidentally* poison her. But that's not likely if the chapter is about non-food poisons, specifically poisons that are particularly effective against Sakkilians.
>>
No. 652941 ID: ebcefd

That poison section thing looks pretty suspicious. Check the bookmarked section on poisons, take the bookmark, and ask the librarian if he recognizes that symbol or knows who else would have left a bookmark there. (I am fairly sure that S’bk’ta isn't with them since if he was he could have simply not mentioned having that book.)

>Empress has a son called Brianthor.
Not really that relevant since you weren't into Sakkilian

>She's a bloody Varkophile!
That part could get awkward though.
>>
No. 652943 ID: bd8b82

some species of reptile/amphibian can undergo a sex transfomation to become female.
>>
No. 652971 ID: 825af6

...You'll run. ...You'll run to the stables and ride to the nearest port and hop a ship to the farthest point in the known world and keep running from there and never stop and never look back and... And... Wait a second... Hold on... Whether Briannah has a dick or not doesn't change a damn thing about your situation, does it? You have absolutely no interest in bedding Briannah, nor a duty to country or royal lineage to do so. And you're planning to deflect her amorous advances before they get anywhere near that point. So all in all it doesn't matter one whit what's in her genital slit since you're going to take great pains to avoid coming in contact with it.

However, knowing what she's actually packin' down there might be important for other reasons later on, though you don't know quite what they would be. You'll continue to discreetly try to figure it out. You'll need more recent records to do so, though. For now note the ages of the Empress and her sons. You can find out Briannah's age later and compare them. Maybe ask her how old she was when the war broke out to get it. You could also ask when and where she lost her eye to pin down a particular battle there might be a record of her commanding. You could also pester the court spymaster for a peek at the dossier on Briannah they almost certainly have compiled, though that feels... wrong, somehow. Like it'd be cheating.

...And for some reason Briannah's promise to keep her hands from wandering in bed comes to mind, which you now realize didn't include her tail. You bet she's gonna gently caress you in some indecent way with that thing tonight, just to tease and get a rise out of you... Not that kind of rise! ...Well, maybe both kinds.

>That’s odd, you know you’ve seen that crest before, but you can’t quite place it.
It's from your nightmare! That crest was on the book your mother was holding. Though, since it was a dream the crest may have been inserted from another of your memories and she didn't actually have a book like that back then. You'd have to go through your mother's things recovered from then to be sure. But what you can do right now is get a book on Varkian heraldry and look up the symbolism of that crest, then check if it's listed in the record of family, organization or locality crests.

>The bookmark is neatly placed at the start of a chapter concerning poisons effective against Sakkilians for some reason. You have to wonder why.
Oh, that does not bode well at all for Briannah at the grand dinner, nor any other meal for her in the palace going forward. But it's not quite as dangerous as it looks at first 'cause she has food tasters among her following for just this reason... She does, right?

And why was the bookmark left behind? You figure anyone with half a brain wouldn't leave such a telltale indicator of a poison plot. And they wouldn't need to leave a bookmark unless they were going to come back to reference it... Oh, ho! They're going to come back, which means they can be caught! ...Or maybe you're getting ahead of yourself and the bookmark was actually put in there years ago. Better ask S’bk’ta who last came in here to read this book or checked it out and if he can remember how long this bookmark has been in it.
>>
No. 653053 ID: e8dcb5

look through the chapter on poisons. particularly for ones that can be put in food and drinks that don't affect vark. There's probably at least one like that.

Also, consider the possibility that an outside nation may wish to prevent this alliance. What do you know about the other nations?
>>
No. 653171 ID: 65a774
File 143610462279.png - (63.21KB , 684x524 , 41.png )
653171

>They say a picture says a thousand words, and your face says 'don't drop the soap' two hundred and fifty times.
From now on you’ll never touch soap again…
>...You'll run. ...You'll run to the stables and ride to the nearest port and hop a ship to the farthest point in the known world and keep running from there and never stop and never look back!
Even though the thought scare you, you are seriously considering to simply fleeing from your life of excess to the end of the world, even if it would mean giving up everything you know… but…
>Whether Briannah has a dick or not doesn't change a damn thing about your situation, does it? You have absolutely no interest in bedding Briannah, nor a duty to country or royal lineage to do so.
Calming down, you realize that things might be a bit more awkward then before, but it’s not the end of the world you first visualized.
>Calm your feathers before you end up an impromptu duster!
You proceed to stop using your tail feathers as a duster and calm down.

>No matter how good a book is, there is still the chance that it might have a little flaw.
It’s possible the author simply missed Briannah…or that she became who she is after it was written.
>Briannah might have taken on a male personality to curry favor with her troops.
While that would be practical in your own culture, it’s not very probable in the Sakkilian one, as being female generally is preferred over being male.
>Is magic/technology advanced enough to change someone's physical gender?
As far as you know, no.
>Some species of reptile/amphibian can undergo a sex transformation to become female.
You’re pretty sure Sakkilians doesn’t change genders on a whim.
>How's that gilded cage looking now?
While it might be a bit less gilded, the gender of the beast guarding it shouldn’t matter.

>Let's calm down, and calmly ask Briannah/Brianthor about this.
How are you supposed to bring something like this up? You can’t just walk up to her and accuse her of packing heat downstairs.
>Talk to your father about this.
Hmm, it’s possible that your father would know who exactly Briannah is.
>You could also pester the court spymaster for a peek at the dossier on Briannah they almost certainly have compiled.
You don’t know your spymaster very well… and you don’t know if pestering it would give you any results. You’re pretty sure it doesn’t answer to you at all.
>Well, there's an alternate explanation for her happiness besides being a Varkophile, then: it's quite possible this is one of the first times she's been able to be openly female.
Hmm… that would be a bit less awkward in the long run, if it was true.

>Read some more about this Brianthor character. See if you can't find a picture or at least a description of the guy.
There doesn’t seem to be a lot of information about him, but it does say that he would be 26 years old this year and was promoted to a general under the war. Other than that, nothing.
>For now note the ages of the Empress and her sons.
The empress herself 53 years old this year, whiles her three sons age ranges from 30 to 26, with
Brianthor being the youngest.


>Check the bookmarked section on poisons.
You take a quick glance at the poisons chapter, noting that most poisons that are lethal for Sakkilians are lethal to Vrakians as well. There is one thing that stands out though, as it seems one of the poisons, “Blood Blossom”, has been “marked” with a small red inkblot which seems rather out of place. Apparently if ingested a Sakkilian the victim will, after a few minutes, start bleeding from their mouth, nose and maybe even the eyes, drowning them in their own blood after a few minutes. The only known cure is to force the victim “expel” the ingested poison, that is to say, make them puke. In fact, all the poisons on these two pages need to be expelled that way. Luckily, according to the book, it doesn’t even grow on this continent and thus is too expensive to be practical.
>Particularly for ones that can be put in food and drinks that don't affect vark.
You can’t find anything lethal that doesn’t also affect Varks in some way, even though the effect isn’t lethal. This “Blood Blossom” for example, will give a Vark a high fever and weaken the body considerably, which might even be lethal if you’re already weak from age or disease.
>Get that girl some food tasters, stat.
You’re pretty sure she already got a pair.
>The symbol was on your mother's books!
Yes, you remember now. That symbol was on one of the books your mother usually read too you. But you can’t remember what, exactly, it was about.

>Take the bookmark and ask the librarian about it.
:SbktaSB: Let’s me see that… hmm… I do recognize it but… I can’t quite place it? Where did you find it, you said?
:KronosSB: In the book you gave me.
:SbktaSB: Ah, I must have missed it when I handed them over, but no, I can’t say for certain what it is.
:KronosSB: I think I remember seeing it on a book my mother used to read too me… a book I was quite fond of.
:SbktaSB: A book y- ah, I think I remember now. That’s the calling sign of… let’s see if I can remember their name… … …no, but it was this guild of heroes that used that symbol, you know a make believe guild that only existed in fiction. I do believe you were quite fond of one of the lady heroines, if I remember correctly.
:KronosSB: …yes, I think I remember now… the brotherhood of righteous arms I think they called themselves… but why would someone use a symbol like this to mark a page of poisons potent against Sakkilians?
:SbktaSB: Hmm… well, I do know they took the stories about that guild in a new direction when the war raged on, making it more… hostile towards Sakkilian. I nearly became propaganda for kids, if I have to say it myself.
:KronosSB: …hmm…

>Ask if he has a list of everyone who has viewed this book recently.
:SbktaSB: My apologizes, but no. We only register books that are burrowed and leave the library halls.
>Ask the librarian first who else has had access to this book.
:SbktaSB: Well, nearly every Liberian that works here… and all the high Scholars in the collage that’s near here too, not to mention the Palace scribers and the like. It’s a lot of people, really.
>why was the bookmark left behind? You figure anyone with half a brain wouldn't leave such a telltale indicator of a poison plot. And they wouldn't need to leave a bookmark unless they were going to come back to reference it...
:SbktaSB: …all I can think of is either whoever left it wasn’t able to fully copy the information, or that it’s a message to someone else.
>Oh, ho! They're going to come back, which means they can be caught!
:KronosSB: Either way, it means someone is coming back for it.
:SbktaSB: So you want to make a trap?
:KronosSB: Something like that, yes. But how… let me think…

>Consider the possibility that an outside nation may wish to prevent this alliance. What do you know about the other nations?
There are three nations surrounding the Risavia Kingdom, not counting the “kingdom” of the sea. To the north, there is the Zadian empire, that is, the Sakkilian. To the south and southwest on the other hand there’s the Human kingdom of Lorentia while to the west, also bordering the Zadian Empire, is the Hiver Dynasty of… err.. kersekteb-something something. While those two nations have mighty armies, they are currently at war with each other, which mean if they see us as an easy target, they might attack to try and get an upper hand in their own war.

>Might want to bring this little tidbit of information to your father before the feast starts.
>Another assassination attempt is about to go down, this time against her. Warn her.
Both your father and Briannah should be informed about this, but you have to consider who to approach first… and how to approach them about this matter. There’s also the matter about the book and what to do with the bookmark… as well as what to do with the new information you gained about Briannah… if that even is her name.
>>
No. 653175 ID: 46df9e

Well if someone else is coming to check the book how about we leave a decoy? Is there any section in the one with all that propaganda that might lead them to believe that something harmless is actually deadly? Just put the bookmark in that book and add a small ink splotch to the correct passage.

As for telling your father and Briannah let's start with your dad. Check out the book and take it to your father and ask to speak with him privately. Show him the book and tell him about the bookmark and ink splotch and let him know you find it very suspect. Hopefully we're just being paranoid, but I wouldn't want to dismiss it and find out we were right after all.
>>
No. 653178 ID: 334db2

> You can’t just walk up to her and accuse her of packing heat downstairs.
Seriously? What happened to speech craft+, intelligence+? Tell her you looked in a book on Sakkilian culture and found something interesting; the Empress doesn't have any daughters. So, Brianthor, would you care to explain that?
>You don’t know your spymaster very well… and you don’t know if pestering it would give you any results.
Pestering? What are you, a hungry hatchling? You're going to bribe him like the proper grown up prince you are.

Kronos, you're thinking too small here. You'll never have control of anything if you constantly resign yourself to the hand of fate. The guards let in two conspirators attempting to kill you; I don't know if they're incompetent or in on it but that doesn't matter right now, the point is they won't be the ones to stop it. Is there anything on hand that can induce vomiting, like smelling salts or something? Bring enough for the people you like, and conceal it to it doesn't stink up the dining room.
>>
No. 653181 ID: 8fd9ec

tell Briannah first, she is the target and someone might try to slip her the poison before the feast. While your at it inquire about the Empress only having three sons and no daughters. After that go tell your Dad about possible future attempts on you fiancée.
>>
No. 653182 ID: 0b856e

Maybe somebody knows you were fond of that fictional guild and is trying to set you up?
>>
No. 653191 ID: 742b4a

>>653171
I love these damn hidden messages in the scribbles.
>>653182
That, or the fantasy guild became a real one.
>>
No. 653204 ID: 825af6

>It’s possible the author simply missed Briannah…or that she became who she is after it was written.
Or another possibility is that she was adopted by the Empress after it was written.

>There doesn’t seem to be a lot of information about him, but it does say that he would be 26 years old this year and was promoted to a general under the war.
>The empress herself 53 years old this year, whiles her three sons age ranges from 30 to 26, with Brianthor being the youngest.
Wait a second... That can't be right. The book was published about midway through the war, so... Three years plus eight to nine... Roughly eleven to twelve years ago, right? Which would put Brianthor being made a general at the ripe old age of fifteen, at the latest. You seriously doubt the Zadian Empire was promoting teenagers to high military positions back then, even if he was the son of the Empress. So unless "general" has a different meaning to them than you the most likely explanation is either the author made a mistake with the numbers or the printers did when typesetting it. And that means you'll have to look elsewhere for their correct ages.

Pull down a book with info on battles from later in the war and skim it from the latest entry to the earliest for the names of the generals on the Zadian side. You might be able to spot Brianthor or Briannah in there.

>This “Blood Blossom” for example, will give a Vark a high fever and weaken the body considerably, which might even be lethal if you’re already weak from age or disease.
Then perhaps the poison plot is actually against one or more Varks who are old or in ill health that'll be at the grand feast, under the guise of being against Brinannah. After all, she's got two food tasters who probably also carry antidotes and counters to most of the known poisons, so she's well protected. But what about the Varks? Can the poisons be countered merely by inducing vomiting or something similarly simple as well? And how detectable is it? And what Varks are going to be at the feast that are old or in ill health... Oh, gods... Could this be against your father?! Just how's his health these days? But even if it isn't specifically against him there's going to be a lot of other powerful senior Varks at the feast, right?

You'd best speak with your father first to tell him about this possible poison plot. It might turn out to be nothing, but it's still best to get on it right away in case it's real. After that you can bring up the irregularities you read regarding Briannah. Specifically the Empress not having a daughter and that the Myseth family line the broken family sword Briannah presented you is from is recorded as dying out, which it shouldn't have since she's alive. And your father will probably have books with more up-to-date information you can check to hash this out. And leave the speculation that she might be or have been a he for if you don't get a better explanation otherwise.
>>
No. 653206 ID: 65a774
File 143612548036.png - (22.47KB , 684x524 , 42.png )
653206

>Maybe somebody knows you were fond of that fictional guild and is trying to set you up?
Except you didn’t even remember it existed before now. If they were trying to set you up they would have to use something a bit more recent.
>That, or the fantasy guild became a real one.
That’s possible... the symbol was associated with Sakkilian hate under the war, if Seb- Sebk- the head librarian is correct.
>Wait a second... That can't be right. The book was published about midway through the war, so... Three years plus eight to nine... Roughly eleven to twelve years ago, right? Which would put Brianthor being made a general at the ripe old age of fifteen, at the latest.
…that doesn’t seem right, indeed.
>Pull down a book with info on battles from later in the war and skim it from the latest entry to the earliest for the names of the generals on the Zadian side.
:SbktaSB: Err… actually, my Prince, the books I would recommend about that subject is already lent out… by the your… err… wife? Briannah? Her servants wasn’t here long ago retrieving it.
:KronosSB: Really?

>Pestering? What are you, a hungry hatchling? You're going to bribe him like the proper grown up prince you are.
You’ll look through your personal coffers to see what you can cough up. If anything, you’re sure you can spin a white lie to your Poppa for a bit extra gold.
>Well if someone else is coming to check the book how about we leave a decoy? Is there any section in the one with all that propaganda that might lead them to believe that something harmless is actually deadly?
…well, you did spot this odd passage about Sakkilian being deadly allergic to lemon juice for some reason…
>Just put the bookmark in that book and add a small ink splotch to the correct passage.
Hopefully, Briannah will only be given some lemons instead of something deadly.

>Check out the book.
:SbktaSB: Sorry, my lord, but this book is not to be brought out of the library. I can, on the other hand, write out a transcript and sign it for you in just a minute. That way we don’t need to accidently offend anyone and it should hold enough scrutiny to replace the real thing.
:KronosSB: Thank you, Seb… Sebk- Seb- Head Liberian.
:SbktaSB: In fact, I should send a copy with an explanation to the king himself… and the captain of the guard… and the leader of the Sakkilian security too.
:KronosSB: …Just send one to my father, please. We might otherwise reveal our hand to early, sir.
:SbktaSB: …yes, you’re correct. I’ll send one over to your father, then.
>Is there anything on hand that can induce vomiting, like smelling salts or something?
You know the medical office here is supposed to have some kind of liquid or herb that induce vomiting on stock, so you’ll simply make a quick stop there right after you leave the library.



>Tell Briannah first, she is the target and someone might try to slip her the poison before the feast.
She’s probably still in your room… you better knock just in case she’s… well…

*Knock*Knock*
:BriannahSB: Whose there?
:KronosSB: It’s your “husband”, can I come in?
:BriannahSB: Well, I’m mostly decent, so sure, go right a’ead.
>>
No. 653207 ID: 65a774
File 143612550522.png - (39.77KB , 684x524 , 43.png )
653207

:BriannahSB: The shower is free if yah want to clean up before we ‘ead to the dinner.
:KronosSB:
:BriannahSB: …or did yah want something else?
:KronosSB:
:BriannahSB:
:KronosSB:
:BriannahSB: …are yah just go-
:KronosSB: A-actually, I wanted to talk to you about something. See, I was in the library reading about Sakkilian culture…
:BriannahSB: …oh? Found something interesting?
:KronosSB: Several things, in fact. The most pressing is probably… well, I found some signs that someone might try to poison you soon… with something called Blood Blossom.
:BriannahSB: Blood Blossom? Really? Do they really think I’m worth that much? But don’t worry; I ‘ave taste testers at my disposal… and medical personal. But thank yah for the warning, Prince.

:KronosSB: And another thing, before I forget… when I said that I wouldn’t tolerate your hands wandering when we sleep tonight, that includes your tail.
:BriannahSB: Aw, yah’re no fun.
:KronosSB: Or any other body part, for that matter.
:BriannahSB: Now yah’re just mean.

:KronosSB: Oh, and I did read something else interesting. Apparently the Empress doesn’t have a daughter, but tree sons.
:BriannahSB:
:KronosSB:
:BriannahSB: … … …really?
:KronosSB: …you wouldn’t happen to know who Brianthor is?
:BriannahSB: … … …we never saw eye to eye but… yes, I ‘new who ‘e was. What of it?
:KronosSB: Didn’t they say you were the empress daughter?
:BriannahSB: … …ha, indeed they did.
:KronosSB: Care to explain?
:BriannahSB: But yah’re the one who brought it up. I’m sure yah’ve already figured it out, ‘aven’t you? Yah’re a bright kid, eh? So, who am I, really?
>>
No. 653213 ID: dbe554

How she managed to fit all that ass into armor is a mystery I want to see solved someday.

Either way, you have your suspicions from your research, lay em on.
>>
No. 653218 ID: 1cebc8

She's not the emperor...

She's the general?
>>
No. 653227 ID: 46df9e

I just had a startling thought. When did general Myseth supposedly die, and about when would Briannah have been born? If Briannah was conceived before and born after her fathers death then there would be no one in his family to accept her into it; which could explain why her father is noted as the last of the bloodline.

Well, I did find some information about gifting a worn or broken ancestral weapon as a wedding gift. I also found information about the Myseth family whose name is engraved on the sword you gave me, but the book indicated that the deceased general Eratin Myseth was the last of their bloodline. We're certain she's related to the general but in what way and exactly why she isn't a Myseth herself, and why she was sent here as the empresses only daughter, we really only have conjecture.
>>
No. 653246 ID: 9ddf68

any idea what the symbol on her hand means?
>>
No. 653260 ID: 334db2

>You’ll look through your personal coffers to see what you can cough up.
I think there's precedent to use alcohol, too.
>I’m sure yah’ve already figured it out, ‘aven’t you? Yah’re a bright kid, eh? So, who am I, really?
Most likely scenario, you're a long lost relative of General Myseth that somehow ended up with royal blood.
>>
No. 653273 ID: 742b4a

Well logically they wouldn't send anyone here that wasn't in the royal family. The only female we know of in the royal family is the Empress, and she's married so she's disqualified. So the logical conclusion is that this is one of the "sons". Except she's also obviously female.

Two possibilities. She was adopted after the book was written, or she's one of the sons, but has a female body. Due to some nonsense- like having a dick, maybe- she was considered male in Sakkil lands, but could pass as female here, so the arranged marriage would look legitimate in public.

In that case though, anyone who knew anything about the royal family in her lands would know that the marriage isn't what it appears to be. Would they laugh behind our backs about this? Or did the royal family claim they were adopting a new member of the family, when in reality she was already in it?

It's just... difficult to see how this is supposed to work. Regardless, I think the most likely case is that she's Brianthor. Or, put more delicately, used to be.
Invoke speechcraft and intelligence!
>>
No. 653329 ID: 334db2

>>653273
She just confirmed she's not Brianthor.
>>
No. 653331 ID: ebcefd

>>653329
Unless that was some sort of metaphorical "I am not who I once was" thing.
>>
No. 653349 ID: 350a50

"Eratin Myseth's daughter, perhaps, adopted into the imperial family after his death? According to the proposal tradition it has to be an ancestral weapon, so it wouldn't make sense to give me his sword if you weren't related."
>>
No. 653353 ID: 825af6

What was that long awkward pause after you entered? ...You were checking out her posterior, weren't you? Well, it is pretty glorious, isn't it? If a Vark gal with hips, ass and thighs like that passed you by you'd be wooing her in a heartbeat. That they're on someone you have negative interest in bedding and yet have to share a bed with is like some kind of cruel cosmic joke.

It's apparent that the war claimed rather more than just her left eye. Those are magically animated prostheses attached to her left wrist and leg, correct? How recent of an advance are they? How hard are those to make and how much do they cost? And how high a quality do you think they are? Oh, and are there replacement eyes that work as good as the real thing? 'Cause if there are then she not having one says something.

Looks like she was reading that book on the counter when you came in. Wanna bet that it's one of the military ones you wanted to look at that her servants borrowed from the library? Well, that can't be the only one. Glance around for a stack of books on top of everything and those will probably be the ones you're looking for. Pick one out and skim through it backwards for the generals' names while you're talking.

Alright, before you answer her reign in your speculation and stick close to the facts. No flying off into saying she was or is one of the Empress' sons. That was outlandish to start with, and after seeing her figure just now it's even more so. You don't have nearly enough to go that way at the moment.

>But yah’re the one who brought it up. I’m sure yah’ve already figured it out, ‘aven’t you? Yah’re a bright kid, eh? So, who am I, really?
Tell her that you haven't figured it out. You have some pieces and while they look like they fit together at first glance, under closer examination they don't quite. There's pieces missing that'd make it make sense. And since it seemed all but one of the books on Sakkilians and the Zadian Empire were borrowed by the palace staff you only had one source of info. If you had more to cross-reference, you'd be more confident. And it doesn't help that Briannah's servants suspiciously borrowed, in her name, all the books on military engagements in the latter half of the war before you arrived.

You read that giving something like that sword is part of a customary Sakkilian marriage proposal, which you accept by returning the broken item repaired. And that the broken weapon or armor would be one that has been passed down through the family line. And the name "Myseth" on it you found out is a family with a long history of officers in the Zadian Empire. So you figure that she's from the Myseth family... Except that what's written down is that the Myseth family died out when general Eratin Myseth died some time in the first half of the war. So if she is a member of the Myseth family, why is it recorded they died out?

Right now your best guess is that Briannah was adopted by the Empress some time after the midpoint of the war, which accounts for why it wasn't written in the book. And that somehow she's a lost member of the Myseth family that surfaced after the midpoint. Maybe a member that was thought dead at the time of writing. Maybe captured and imprisoned in the war but escaped or was liberated later. You don't know. There's too many pieces missing to say for sure, but this is the best you got.

>… … …we never saw eye to eye but… yes, I ‘new who ‘e was. What of it?
"Was?" Brianthor is dead? How and when did this happen? Was it really recent? 'Cause your father said earlier today that the Empress has three sons, not two. You figure your father would be kept up-to-date on such things, so why did he say three?

>… …ha, indeed they did.
Just how did she say this? 'Cause it sounds like either she's implying that she's not the Empress' daughter or that it's so recent she's still getting used to it.

And don't forget to ask her how old the Empress and her sons are, mentioning that the only book on Sakkilian culture the library still had must have gotten their ages wrong 'cause it put Brianthor being made a general at the age of fifteen, at the latest.

Ask at some point if she's a painter and if she is tell her about the old unused studio in the palace she can use. And so you should plan to check it out before she moves in since you haven't seen it in years.

Oh, and important question: How well is your porn stash hidden? 'Cause you just know Briannah's going to poke around here until she finds it.

>Thank you, Seb… Sebk- Seb- Head Liberian.
You really should plan to put in some time with a Hiver language tutor to at least learn how to pronounce their names. Being able to do so properly (or at least close enough to show you made the effort) would make a good first impression and make your silver tongue more effective when speaking with them.

>Well, nearly every Liberian that works here… and all the high Scholars in the collage that’s near here too, not to mention the Palace scribers and the like. It’s a lot of people, really.
Scholars... Maybe the poison would come from the college. From a scholar who's field of study is exotic plants or one studying poisons and their effectiveness. Either one might have a greenhouse, either personal or the college's, where one of the plants they're cultivating is "Blood Blossom." Additionally, it would not be a stretch to think that during the war some scholars were commissioned in secret to find ways to locally cultivate plants highly poisonous to Sakkilians that normally grow in far off lands.

>>653227
>If Briannah was conceived before and born after her fathers death then there would be no one in his family to accept her into it; which could explain why her father is noted as the last of the bloodline.
Even assuming that that is the way bloodline inheritance works in the Zadian Empire the timeline doesn't fit. Eratin Myseth died at some point in the first half of the war, twenty to eleven and a half years ago. That'd make Briannah, at most, twenty years old now and seventeen at the end of war. That's not nearly long enough for her to become a general before the war ended.

>>653260
>Most likely scenario, you're a long lost relative of General Myseth that somehow ended up with royal blood.
>>653273
>Well logically they wouldn't send anyone here that wasn't in the royal family.
Except they don't have a royal family. The Empress or Emperor is chosen by the upper-class in some kind of "election." (>>/quest/652783) This means the position is not inherited so there isn't a royal bloodline. And this may extend to all lower positions as well, meaning there aren't noble bloodlines of inheritance either. That leaves familial lines, and they don't even have to be by blood; Adoption and interspecies marriage are totally valid in the Zadian Empire.

>>653273
>...or she's one of the sons, but has a female body. Due to some nonsense- like having a dick, maybe- she was considered male in Sakkil lands, but could pass as female here, so the arranged marriage would look legitimate in public.
A decent possibility for how Briannah might have male genitals but a female body. Unfortunately we didn't think of it before Kronos left the library so he can't look up if they even have that kind of condition and how rare it is. Also, being transgendered is acceptable in the Zadian Empire, so that "nonsense" would be unlikely. But again we can't check the books to see if it's so.
>>
No. 653367 ID: 57d76a

>Dat ass
.. her tail comes out of the middle of her back? Weird.

... not sure if the bit about Brianthor was deflecting, metaphor, or they're actually different people.
But her "who am I really?" seems to indicate that our theory was correct...
... or, crazy thought, she IS the empress.
>>
No. 653393 ID: 8fd9ec

she cant be Brianthor, and its really unlikely that the Empress would give her hand to seal this alliance. That leaves a descend of the Myseth family or some wild card. roll with that intelligence to figure this one out because I've re-read everything twice trying to figure it out.
>>
No. 653397 ID: 9ddf68

>>653207
>…you wouldn’t happen to know who Brianthor is?
> … … …we never saw eye to eye but… yes, I ‘new who ‘e was. What of it?
>WAS
uh, anyways

I'm seeing to possibilities here
1)bastard child between the empress and Myseth which the empress take under her wing when she needed someone to marry the only unwed son of the vark kingdom.

or

2)Both sides are really, really hurting after the war to the point where the empress just grabbed one of her sons, slapped an illusion spell or something on him, and are going through with the marriage because they have no other options.

option 2 is what, again, leads me to ask what the symbol on her gantlet means? All I know about the gantlet is she said they weren't really meant for protection and it wasn't good to get blood on them. Pretty sure they're magic but just not sure what the symbol means.

...Oh and I guess a crazy option that came to me when I thought about it but what is the empress's name and what do you know about her husband?
3) It's the empress.
>>
No. 653406 ID: e6fcea

On another note, or if there is need to change the subject, query if it is expected of you to have the broken blade reforged/remade into a blade once more? That is, would it be breaking any traditions or taboos if it was made into another form of weapon? Don't give any specifics, just that you'd rather not cause an incident.

Then ask yourself what you know of Vark firearms, specificly how able the mechanisms within are to withstand harsh impacts, if you know anyone that might know, and do they come in rifle variants?

I mean, I wouldn't want to suggest something "awesome but impractical" here, but if you could comission a prototype before having Myseth's sword reforged, perhaps it could be remade into a gun-sword or rifle-halberd of some kind? You know, symbolic fusion of the two races, much like your marriage? Just... Don't mention any such ideas to Briannah, try to have it looked into and maybe prototyped as a thing on the side.
>>
No. 653409 ID: 825af6

>>653406
It probably isn't acceptable to reforge the marriage proposal weapon or armor into another weapon or armor 'cause it's supposed to be a family heirloom and needs to carry indication that it's old and from the family. And cultural issues aside, reforging the sword into a gun wouldn't work anyway 'cause guns here are made out of some kind of magic silver, which this steel sword certainly is not.
>>
No. 653432 ID: 65a774
File 143620494632.png - (36.97KB , 684x524 , 44.png )
653432

>What was that long awkward pause after you entered? ...You were checking out her posterior, weren't you?
You have to admit, your emotions are a bit conflicted after seeing that… thing.
>That they're on someone you have negative interest in bedding and yet have to share a bed with is like some kind of cruel cosmic joke.
Clearly, one of the gods has it in for you.
>How she managed to fit all that ass into armor is a mystery I want to see solved someday.
You think she did it by hiding it in plain sight, having her upper body heavily armored while her lower barely being covered at all, thus creating the illusion that her hips wasn’t so… so… err…

>It's apparent that the war claimed rather more than just her left eye. Those are magically animated prostheses attached to her left wrist and leg, correct?
Indeed, those looks like some kind of artificial limbs. It seems like she lost her left hand and most of her left leg, thus why they are made out of some kind of metal.
>Any idea what the symbol on her hand means?
It’s some kind of rune, but you don’t know what it does. You do know that the green glow would imply it’s biological in nature, so you’re going to take a guess it’s the rune that allows her to move that artificial hand as a normal one.
>How hard are those to make and how much do they cost?
Something of that quality would be expensive, far beyond what most people would afford.

>I think there's precedent to use alcohol for a bribe, too.
If poppa catches you again down in his private stash, he’ll probably forbid you from ever having alcohol again…
>How well is your porn stash hidden?
Porn stash? You’re a Prince! Ever since you came to age seven years ago you should just snap your fingers and have a professional delivered to your room! Who need a stash when you got the real thing? …of course, while it was a dream come true at a younger age, you have to admit it feels a bit… trite nowadays, thus why you usually don’t call for them.
>You really should plan to put in some time with a Hiver language tutor to at least learn how to pronounce their names.
Even with training, you’re pretty sure you’re missing the necessary parts to do those weird clicking noises they do.
>Glance around for a stack of books on top of everything and those will probably be the ones you're looking for. Pick one out and skim through it backwards for the generals' names while you're talking.
There are several books in a pile next to her, but to get to them you’ll need to walk around her. It feels a bit rude to walk past her and start reading a book while talking to her…

:KronosSB: Um… to be honest, I haven’t figured it out completely yet… but I do have some theories.
:BriannahSB: Really? Let ‘ear it.
:KronosSB: Well, going by the old saying, “the simples solution is probably the right one”, I’m going to guess you’re Eratin Myseth daughter… that he got with the empress. After all, you did give me his sword as a wedding proposal.
:BriannahSB: …I see yah’ve done ye research. Yes, I’m a bastard between a general and the empress.
:KronosSB: And she didn’t accept you until recently?
:BriannahSB: Oh, she’s always seen me as her daughter… but it wasn’t until after the war I was accepted into the family. So yes, I’m originally Briannah Myseth. Now, yah said yah had other theories?
:KronosSB: Err… well, see… there’s no need to-
:BriannahSB: I want to ‘ear them. Tell me.

:KronosSB: Um… see… well, the empress only had three sons, right? Which completely contradicts you being her daughter… and then there was one of the sons named Brianthor, which is rather close to your name…
:BriannahSB: *Snrk*
:KronosSB: Err…
>>
No. 653434 ID: 65a774
File 143620499670.png - (37.71KB , 684x524 , 45.png )
653434

:BriannahSB: BAHAHAHA!!!
:KronosSB:
:BriannahSB: Y-yah… heh… yah ‘onestly believe I… hah… I ‘ave a big freaking prick?
:KronosSB: …honestly, for a second there, yes…
:BriannahSB: Oh, that’s rich… Yah really thought I… hehe… so that’s why yah’re so skittish around me. You’re afraid I’ll come and take ye virginity away, eh?
:KronosSB: …I’m not a virgin.
:BriannahSB: So yah’ve had some big pricks in ye arse already, eh?
:KronosSB: That’s… I’ve not had any kind of intercourse with a male, no.
:BriannahSB: I ‘new it. Yah’re still a delicate flower, aren’t yah? Just waiting for the right shining knight to come and scoop yah off ye feet and ram it up y-
:KronosSB: Enough. I’m not inclined to have anything come close to my posterior, at all.
:BriannahSB: Oh, I’m sure yah’ll change ye mind about that… hehe…

:KronosSB: Speaking of something completely different, this sword you gave me. I’m guessing I’m expected to reforge it into a new sword, correct?
:BriannahSB: Yah’re supposed to repair it and nothing else. If yah somehow destroy that blade I will eat yah… alive and kicking.
:KronosSB: Noted.
>perhaps it could be remade into a gun-sword or rifle-halberd of some kind?
You’re pretty sure she’s serious when she said she would eat you… and besides, while the concept of gun swords are freaking sweet, you don’t think they are possible… nor is the sword made of the right material to even make guns in the first place.

>Brianthor is dead? How and when did this happen? Was it really recent?
:BriannahSB: ‘e was killed at the end of the war… I believe by a relative of ye.
:KronosSB: My brother?
:BriannahSB: Indeed.
>Don't forget to ask her how old the Empress and her sons are, mentioning that the only book on Sakkilian culture the library still had must have gotten their ages wrong 'cause it put Brianthor being made a general at the age of fifteen, at the latest.
:BriannahSB: Actually, that is kind of correct. Some military titles, like my own title of general, are more ceremonial then anything. ‘e would ‘ave gained that rank when ‘e came to age, though ‘e would still need years of training before they would let ‘im lead real troops.

>Ask at some point if she's a painter.
:BriannahSB: …why yes, I paint. ‘ow did yah ‘now?
:kronosSB: You mentioned a vista and not doing it justice.
:BriannahSB: …really? So yah actually listen, eh? Yes, I’m a painter… though I’ve never really ‘ad anywhere to do it, you see.
>and if she is tell her about the old unused studio in the palace she can use.
Actually… you better check if it’s usable before you tell her… and it would work better if you surprised her with it, wouldn’t it?

:BriannahSB: I see yah ‘ave a regicide board over there… do yah play?
:KronosSB: Why, yes, I do.
:BriannahSB: …I think we ‘ave time for a game or two before dinner, if ya-
:KronosSB: You’re on.
:BriannahSB: Really? Yah’re not even going to ‘ear the catch?
:KronosSB: err… right, the catch...?
:BriannahSB: ‘ow about a bet? The winner gets a favor.
:KronosSB: …the same kind of favor you gave me earlier today?
:BriannahSB: Indeed. The loser ‘ave to do whatever the winner asks for… to a limit of course. This way I’ll have a chance become even. So… want to play?

…you are a rather good Regicide player, if you’re to say it yourself… you can probably beat her.

Choose an Action:
[Play and try to curb stomp her completely.]
[Play and try to win with a small margin.]
[Play and let her win with a small margin.]
[Play and let her curb stomp you.]
[Chicken out and don’t play.]

:BriannahSB: Oh, and yah bed? It’s even bigger than I expecte- are yah staring?
:KronosSB: Huh? What? Oh, no, I just was just thinking about your challenge…
:BriannahSB: …heh…
>>
No. 653439 ID: 9ddf68

>[Play and try to curb stomp her completely.]
I remember Cain saying she had a good head on her shoulders as well as being able to snap you in half like a twig so I don't think it would be wise to hold back... plus if nothing else if she's going to be stuck her for a whole year have one of her goals to be trying to beat you in a regicide game wouldn't be so bad.
>>
No. 653442 ID: 334db2

>>653434
Don't ever underestimate an opponent. Play to win.
>>
No. 653445 ID: cf91e4

Play as best you can.

>The winner gets a favor
I hope having one each doesn't cancel them out.
>>
No. 653446 ID: 46df9e

Remember all that talk about caressing with the tail in the book? If you two ever do get intimate you better believe she is going to want to rub your butt with her tail.

And isn't it cute pretending she can't possibly be good at the game. Plus if she ever found out you held back how do you think she would feel? Play her as best as you can, but don't get overly smug if you do curb stomp her.
>>
No. 653447 ID: dbe554

It would be insulting to try and play weaker. Pile it on! Also stop staring down at her crotch, wait till she's turned around at least.

Though as it is, it's not like we haven't payed attention to her so far, mostly just been in fear.

As it is though, I'm betting she is a proper player as well if she is offering up a favor for it, either that or she's interested in seeing what sort of favors you'll pull through with.
>>
No. 653460 ID: 65a774
File 143621142958.png - (29.55KB , 684x524 , 46.png )
653460

>Remember all that talk about caressing with the tail in the book? If you two ever do get intimate you better believe she is going to want to rub your butt with her tail.
Even more reason why you two are never getting cuddly together.
>Also stop staring down at her crotch, wait till she's turned around at least.
You’re not staring! You’re just… err… trying to figure out how she got so freaking big. You’re pretty sure that thing is wider then you are!
>Don't ever underestimate an opponent.
That might be for the best… even if so far she seems to be rather blunt.

>I hope having one each doesn't cancel them out.
:BriannahSB: Of course, otherwise it wouldn’t be any fun, eh?
>[Play and try to curb stomp her completely.]
:KronosSB: Alright, let’s play.
:BriannahSB: Should we flip a coin for who’ll be the knights and who’ll be the monsters?
:KronosSB: …actually, I insist you get the first choice.
:BriannahSB: Then I’ll be knights, of course.
:KronosSB: Now, let’s see if I can get another favor fro-

------
[Intelligent+++][Game+][Impulsive-] vs. [Intelligent+++][Tactics+++][Game+][Controlling--]
------

:BriannahSB: -nd yah death lord is assassinated.
:KronosSB: … … …what.
:BriannahSB: Seem like I won, eh?
:KronosSB:
:BriannahSB: So, then, I guess that’s makes us even.
:KronosSB: I want a r-rematch. Now. And this time I’m the k-knights.
:BriannahSB: …I guess we have time for another round.
:KronosSB: This time I won’t ho-

----

:BriannahSB: -ere which means that your Noble Lord is killed. I win… again.
:KronosSB: GHth-WHAT!?
:BriannahSB: Yah ‘now, yah’re kind of a good player.
:KronosSB: SON OF A CONDOR, I CAN’T… not two times in a row!
:BriannahSB: …a good player, but a bit… aggressive…and impulsive.
:KronosSB: I was one move from winning! ONE MOVE!
:BriannahSB: That means yah owe me two favors, eh?
:KronosSB: *grumble*…
:BriannahSB: …oh, and yah ‘now… yah’re really cute when yah’re grumpy.
:KronosSB:
>>
No. 653461 ID: dbe554

Two favors, good going, it seems she's got an eye for tactical plays even if her controlling nature means that she she has an issue with the field at times.

But yeah it seems like it's dinner time, lets get on down to the mess hall, meet with father and Cain and get situated with the new group of Sakkil...

Actually speaking of which, ask her who she brought along with her in the group, might as well figure out who we may be addressing as well as her.
>>
No. 653463 ID: 7dc3ab

Tactics beat intelligence I guess.
>>
No. 653477 ID: e8dcb5

Have it dawn upon you that while the favors were defined as 'whatever the winner asks for ... to a limit' that limit was not defined.

Still, she's taking the betrothal seriously, even if she's having fun teasing you, and it was simply a game, so it should not be anything intolerable.

Still, an honorable, brave Vark like yourself should use this setback as an opportunity to prove yourself further.
>>
No. 653480 ID: e6fcea

Succinctly put that yes, you owe her two favors. And as there might not be time to vent some frustration at the shooting range, perhaps it is time for you to get going... And try and use that birdbrain of yours to figure out what she did that made her win, in comparison to you, once you've managed to settle your tailfeathers.

Smarts can only get you so far. You're going to have to up your game if you want to stand a chance against her some day.

Briannah appears to be a woman of many talents, it would seem. Looks like you have some catching up to do, princeling.
>>
No. 653492 ID: 334db2

You owe her one favor, the way she was talking about it sounds like they cancel each other out. It also sounds like you don't have to try too hard to get anything done.

You should still get to dinner before you make a diplomatic incident.
>>
No. 653494 ID: 9ddf68

and her tail is just wagging away...sigh. Well it's probably time for dinner so at least their's that. But I've got to wonder who taught her to play like that? I mean we're not the best at the game, take the last two game for example, but your no slouch either.
>>
No. 653504 ID: e114bc

>>653460
Don't feel too bad. She IS a general, after all.

Speaking of which why was she not listed in the generals in the book? Did she become a general late in the war?

You know, if she's not Brianthor, either she's a late adoption or a complete impostor. She's not the Empress, right?
>>
No. 653505 ID: 1cebc8

So at what point did you think that challenging a professional general, specializing in squad tactics, to a game based on squad tactics, was a good idea?

Next time, challenge her to something that she is expected to have skill in but simply doesn't. You got played the same way, here.

Alright, you're wasting time. Head to the science labs and work on an antidote for each of the poisons found in Sakkilians Weaknesses. Be sure to enlist the help the entire science team; you don't know how many traitors there are, so having each member point out discrepancies will reduce the odds of poison in the antidote vial.

*Private*
Vote on dice rolls?
*/Private*
>>
No. 653517 ID: 825af6

Oh, don't be such a sore loser; It's unbecoming of a prince. And in hindsight even you can see this was the probable outcome. After all, she's a smart veteran general with years of field experience in tactics and you're a sheltered, impulsive twig of a prince who has a puffed up opinion of his own skill. Remember the last time you lost a game and what happened after? Yeah. Everybody you've ever played against has probably been pulling their punches out of fear of your infamously short temper or, in the case of your family, for the cause of familial harmony. If anything she offers a skilled opponent you can train against that isn't afraid of you and won't hold back.

>…oh, and yah ‘now… yah’re really cute when yah’re grumpy.
...Oh, joy... She's more attracted to you when you're in a sour mood, which you're going to be in more than half the time she's present. Gods, that makes your mood even more sour, which makes it worse, which makes you more sour! Well, that's just bloody great... And you can tell she's gonna keep findin' new ways to rattle your cage just to ruffle your feathers and hear you squawk. If ever there was an impetus for you to work on getting your temper more under control, this is it.

Reach over and give her tail tip a flick, then swallow your pride and mumble out that she played a excellent game and thank her for her compliments. And tell her that you have every intention to play against her until you can beat her. At least daily. Maybe even for favors as that'll provide incentive... No. No, you'll end up owing her hundreds of favors by the time you win. ...Maybe strip Regici-NO! No, no, no! ...Anyway. You hope she can teach you how not to play so aggressively and impulsively.

>That means yah owe me two favors, eh?
And she still owes you one, if you heard what she said about them not canceling out is correct. You have to wonder what she'll call her favors on. You'd guess one to rescind your no-wandering-limbs-in-bed rule, or at least the no-wandering-tail part. And another to have you sleep in the nud-No, you will not accept that. Sleep in your skivvies... No. Sleep shirtless, yes.

Don't invoke your favor for this, but ask her is she'd share how much she was told about you before she came here. Was she told you're a impulsive hot head? Does she know about you witnessing your mother's murder and your fear of Sakkilians? And ask how old she is, if she's fine with sharing that. You have a strong feeling that she's rather older than you. Like, approaching a decade older. And also ask if she fancies Vark men in general or is her coming onto you 'cause you're to be her husband. And if it's the former, how did she come to fancy Varks. ...Have all her recent "conquests" been Varks?

She mentioned earlier that she would explain to you later just how dire a situation your nation and the Zadian Empire are in. You don't think there's enough time for that before dinner, but you can request a servant lay out a map for later. And ask her why she borrowed all those books from the library. She just wanted to read your side's analysis of her tactics?

>You have to admit, your emotions are a bit conflicted after seeing that… thing.
Admit it: You're totally an ass-man, aren't you? Well, that explains the conflict, and maybe why you haven't felt so fearful with her right now. Your libido has collided with your fear and they're currently tied up in an even battle.

>You’re not staring! You’re just… err… trying to figure out how she got so freaking big. You’re pretty sure that thing is wider then you are!
Of course it's wider than you! You're a thin twig of a bird while she's just this side of being a bloody dragon! Unless you mean her hips are wider than you are tall, in which case the previous statement still stands. Anyway... You figure that the Empress is and Eratin Myseth was huge in stature, strength and... width, with the result of their union being even more so then either of them. It's either that or there's some truth to the Sakkilian belief that they get the traits those they eat, and she's eaten a lot of them. ...Though which parts she'd have to eat to get such wide hips you... Don't want to think about! At all! Ever! She got 'em from her parents and that's that!

>Enough. I’m not inclined to have anything come close to my posterior, at all.
>Oh, I’m sure yah’ll change ye mind about that… hehe…
>Remember all that talk about caressing with the tail in the book? If you two ever do get intimate you better believe she is going to want to rub your butt with her tail.
>Even more reason why you two are never getting cuddly together.
Oh, she wants to do more than merely rub that tail against your butt, pretty bird. Think about it. A species with thick, long flexible tails like the Sakkilians have certainly come up with "intriguing" ways to use them in sex acts. Like the female pushing the tip into male's backside during intercourse to provide extra stimulation~ That's probably what she's used to doing with her "conquests," and what she's thinking of doing when she eventually "conquers" you. And it's a sure bet she's used that tail tip on herself many times, front and maybe back... And now you regret flicking it.

You do still have the distinctly pungent aroma of eu de fear sweat on you from your first encounter with Briannah. You better hurry up and get showered and change into a clean outfit before dinner. Better make it the fancy evening wear since you need to make a good impression.

Wonder what Briannah is going to be wearing to dinner. Surely not the ceremonial armor, you figure that much. So most likely a fancy evening dress. And you wouldn't be surprised if it's a slinky one with a thigh slit up to the heavens that hugs her rump like a sausage casing, just to see how often she can catch your gaze on her posterior. You can only hope in the end her sensibility will win over and she'll go with something that won't cause a scandal just walking down the hall.
>>
No. 653533 ID: 65a774
File 143622640393.png - (42.33KB , 684x524 , 47.png )
653533

>Try and use that birdbrain of yours to figure out what she did that made her win, in comparison to you, once you've managed to settle your tailfeathers.
It’s because you were too aggressive… too predictable. She put up a trap and you walked right into it without thinking. No, you really need to learn some patience when it comes to that game. You might want to try out some new tactics next time your regicide group meets.
>Remember the last time you lost a game and what happened after?
Last time you lost? Well, you remember Cain telling you it was a good game… but he always does that when you play against him… or was your last defeat against the head Liberian? No, you’re pretty sure you won your last game against him… hmm…
>You can tell she's gonna keep findin' new ways to rattle your cage just to ruffle your feathers and hear you squawk. If ever there was an impetus for you to work on getting your temper more under control, this is it.
…people always said you needed to work on the temper… but this is probably the first time you’ve had any real motivation to do so.
>Maybe strip Regici-NO!
If that train of thought continues you’ll need some brain bleach...
>Oh, she wants to do more than merely rub that tail against your butt, pretty bird. Think about it. A species with thick, long flexible tails like the Sakkilians have certainly come up with "intriguing" ways to-
BRAIN BLEACH! NOW!
>It's a sure bet she's used that tail tip on herself many times, front and maybe back...
Eh… err…b-brain bleach? You think?
>Wonder what Briannah is going to be wearing to dinner. You wouldn't be surprised if it was a slinky dress with a thigh slit up to the heavens that hugs her rump like a sausage casing.
…brain… please stop… luckily, you were sitting down at table… stop it…

>Next time, challenge her to something that she is expected to have skill in but simply doesn't. You got played the same way, here.
Hmm... You need to find something that your light weight and agility would excel at... something she would think she would win using just her strength…
>Have it dawn upon you that while the favors were defined as 'whatever the winner asks for ... to a limit' that limit was not defined.
…She owns you a favor as well, which means if she forces you to do something a bit… near the limit, you can simply force her to do the same thing.
>Still, an honorable, brave Vark like yourself should use this setback as an opportunity to prove yourself further.
Yes, you need to learn from this and become a better Vark. Clearly, next time you’ll win that stupid game.


:KronosSB: …Excellent game, Briannah… and thank you for the compliments.
:BriannahSB: I do ‘ope we can play again in the future.
:KronosSB: So, yes, I owe you two favors… but you still owe me one, remember?
:BriannahSB: Indeed I do… hmm… now, I need to think about what I should ask yah to do… I only got two favors, yet so many ways to ‘umiliate yah… hmm…
:KronosSB: Where did you learn to play like that, anyway?
:BriannahSB: My papa used to play with me before… ‘e went away… and we played a lot in officer school, too.
:KronosSB: Speaking of officer, you’re a general, are you not? I shouldn’t find you in the list of generals I found.
:BriannahSB: Probably because I wasn’t “promoted” until after the war, when I was accepted into the imperial family. It’s a bit of a tradition, that all members of the family that’s in the military are considered general, no matter what their real rank is. So, while I’m called general, I’m more of a captain, really.

:KronosSB: About those books you’re reading…
:BriannahSB: I’m looking for something. Nothing that yah need to ‘now.
:KronosSB: Ah… so, what did they tell you about me? Did they say I was Impulsive? A hot head? Sheltered? Pampered? …charming?
:BriannahSB: Yes… well, except for the last one.
:KronosSB: So… nothing positive at all?
:BriannahSB: Nope.
:KronosSB: …what else did they say? Did they tell you what happened to my mother?
:BriannahSB: Of course… they even mentioned that yah were there and… well, that yah don’t like us because of that.
:KronosSB: …oh, of course… …I hope you don’t mind me asking but… mind sharing how old you were when the war started?
:BriannahSB: I’m 26, if that’s what yah’re asking.
:KronosSB: And… just out of curiosity… do you have a thing for… Varks?
:BriannahSB: … …heh, yah ‘now, if yah want a romp in the sack, yah just need to ask.
:KronosSB: …that’s not why I asked and you know it.
:BriannahSB: ‘onestly, not really. I mean, sure, yah’re kind of cute, but I think I prefer Sakkilians. Hmm… in fact, never ‘ad the pleasure to pound a Vrak into unconsciousness, so it would be interesting to try. Do you want to-
:KronosSB: No.
:BriannahSB: Aw…

:KronosSB: Right then, general, may I be your escort to tonight’s dinner?
:BriannahSB: Give me a minute, I need to dress up a bit. There’s no rush, prince, there’s still time.
:KronosSB: Of course… still, I rather not make a… fashionable late entrance.
:BriannahSB: It’s still ‘alf an ‘our until we were asked to be there…
:KronosSB: So…who am I expected to meet under this dinner? Who did you bring with you when you arrived here?
:BriannahSB: Oh, it was mostly guards, servants and the like… I guess the people yah should ‘now about are my personal guards. We ‘ave Agissa, who yah probably saw when yah came ‘ere…
:KronosSB: The one in the armor outside, who was staring at me?
:BriannahSB: That’s ‘er… oh, and I guess yah’ve already met Doxan.
:KronosSB: …I can’t recall that I’ve ever met a Doxan…
:BriannahSB: Really? I asked ‘im to ‘eep an eye on yah after that attack at the shooting range. ‘ow rude of ‘im to not introduce ‘imself.
:KronosSB: Err… I’m pretty sure no one was following me-
:BriannahSB: Doxan, show yourself.
:DoxanSB: Yes, my queen. ‘ow can I be of assistance?
:KronosSB: PHOENIX! Where did… Have you… err…
:DoxanSB: I did not spot anything suspicious, exalted one.
:BriannahSB: The rest of them aren’t important.
:KronosSB: Wait, he’s been following me around!?
:DoxanSB: I’ve sworn to protect ‘er excellency. That includes protecting ‘er toys.
:KronosSB: Toy?
:DoxanSB: ‘er word, not mine.
:BriannahSB: *Innocent Whistle*

>You better hurry up and get showered and change into a clean outfit before dinner.
Indeed, you’ll need to clean up a bit before you leave, but you still have time to ask Briannah some more questions if you like.
>>
No. 653540 ID: 9ddf68

>Innocent Whistle
you know for someone who's being forced into an arranged marriage, you seem to be enjoying this rather well.

Oh and when you do go might as well take one of your spare guns with you. That way when the dinner is over you can reclaim your brother's gun and then check out that studio to see if it is still useable.
>>
No. 653542 ID: 1cebc8

When did they start training/hiring ninjas?
>>
No. 653549 ID: e114bc

>>653533
If she was simply adopted after the war, why did she get nervous when you started asking her why you couldn't find anything on her...? She's definitely lying about not being super into Varks, because she didn't hear anything positive about you before she got you but she was fondling you with her tail like... oh. Nevermind she's not lying about the Varkophile thing. She was looking forward to messing with your head. She expected you to be easily manipulated. You're a toy, alright, but not in a sexy way. Like a puppet, and she's holding the strings.

The nervous behavior when you asked about the royal family was probably just an act. She might even have been adopted because she was good at manipulating people, so that she could get you to do favors for her nation. So that they would have more power via the marriage. If your siblings were to be assassinated, she would be queen, wouldn't she? Then she would basically have the power, if she can manipulate you.
>>
No. 653555 ID: ebcefd

She has a ninja, that is useful to know.

>Then she would basically have the power, if she can manipulate you.
That seems like a stretch. The manipulation for fun part seems pretty plausible though.
>>
No. 653560 ID: 334db2

>>653555
I think she's been trying to manipulate us enough to clear chance & happenstance and right into the realm of enemy action.
Of course it seems like she prefers brute force, but be prepared for either.
>>
No. 653588 ID: e6fcea

>I only got two favors, yet so many ways to ‘umiliate yah…
Wonderful. You're going to have to put at least one limit on "only private humiliation" at best, and perhaps not even that. They are favors, not cheap laughs whenever she is bored.

>I asked ‘im to ‘eep an eye on yah after that attack at the shooting range
This would have been nice to know. But perhaps she was too busy being a control freak to consider letting you in on that secret?

>That includes protecting ‘er toys.
>*Innocent Whistle*
This is where you have every right to get angry. Doesn't matter if she is using it in a childish attempt to be funny or endearing, or using it explicitly to get a rise out of you. Damn right you were sheltered and spoiled, but that doesn't mean you are a TOY for her to play with at her leisure.

She can take her tiny ninja lizard and shove him right up her colossal arse, regardless of potential assassins lurking around any corner! There is a line between playful banter and teasing you because it is hilarious to her, and feeling like she have the right to have you stalked and treating you like a dumb pet.

You may be spoiled and impulsive, but at least you attempted to get over past grievances of yours to try and treat her with respect. Clearly that was wasted effort on your end, if you are little more then a pet or toy she feel she need to look after so you don't accidentally hurt yourself.

She think you are cute when you are grumpy? Then she must find you absolutely adorable when angry!
>>
No. 653592 ID: 334db2

> *Innocent Whistle*
...Were you raised in a fucking brothel? What compels you to turn everything into some profane joke?
>>
No. 653596 ID: 8fd9ec

"protect your toys eh? what toys did you have being protected before me?."
>>653588
chill out, shes not the enemy; the fact she had a personal ninja follow us to make sure we don't get backstabbed by the shadows shows she cares.
>>653592
lets not start insulting her, she is still a lot bigger then us.
>>
No. 653705 ID: 65a774
File 143628561568.png - (26.98KB , 684x524 , 48.png )
653705

:KronosSB: You know… it would have been real NICE to know about this.
:BriannahSB: As I said, I was expecting ‘im to introduce ‘imself. In fact, didn’t I order yah to do that?
:DoxanSB: Yah suggested it, my queen, and I deemed it unnecessary.
:BriannahSB: …did yah ignore a direct order?
:DoxanSB: N-no, of course not, m-my goodness! I would n-n-never-
:KronosSB: Presentation or not, I’m still very peeved that you sent a goon to stalk me.
:BriannahSB: Well, yah ‘ave my apologies for not taking it up with yah first, but I rather see you safe, Prince.
:KronosSB: And I’m not… not some toy that dance for your amusement!
:BriannahSB: Now, to be fair, I said that before I even met yah. No, yah’re not a toy… we’re more equal than that, eh?
:KronosSB: …yeah, right, I’ve seen how you tease me all the time…
:BriannahSB: No, see, Doxan here is a toy…
:DoxanSB: Thank yah, ye highness!
:BriannahSB: Yah, on the other ‘and, have a spine… and thus deserve some respect.
:KronosSB: …and Doxan don’t?
:BriannahSB: Kronos, kiss my feet.
:KronosSB: What!? No!
:BriannahSB: Doxan, kiss my feet.
:DoxanSB: At once, my que-
:BriannahSB: Actually, don’t. See, that’s the different of a toy and a friend. Of course, I still like to tease yah a bit but… that’s just the way I am. But if I insulted yah, then I’m sorry. I’ll refrain from calling yah something as degrading as that in the future, Prince.

:KronosSB: Damn right you’re not going to call me something degrading! I admit, I might be a bit sheltered, spoiled and impulsive but at least I’m trying to get over your past grievances and treat you with respect.
:BriannahSB: …hmm… I have to apologize, it seems my past… sins are still ‘aving an effect on me.
:KronosSB: Past sins?
:BriannahSB: Everyone ‘as something they regret… but yes, I’ll make sure the servants ‘nows that yah’re to be treated with respect from now on.
:KronosSB: So… what “toys” did you have being protected before me?
:BriannahSB: Oh, just some Sakkilian noble boys… nothing fancy. They lacked a spine and thought the world rotated around them… at least until I was done with them. But that’s a thing of the past, no?
:KronosSB: You know, for someone that’s being forced into an arranged marriage, you seems to enjoy this quite a bit.
:BriannahSB: Forced? I volunteered to this.
:KronosSB: You did?
:BriannahSB: I ‘ave my reason why I don’t want to stay in the Empire… and I do believe your family and I ‘ave some… past history.
:KronosSB: Really?
:BriannahSB: I’m sure yah’ll figure it out as we go along.
:KronosSB: …one last thing before I head for the shower… why do you have to turn everything into some profane joke?
:BriannahSB: Because I think it’s funny?
:KronosSB: Because you… yeah, of course… right, I’ll just go clean up a bit and we’ll be off. And no freaking peeking!
:BriannahSB: Wouldn’t dream of it, Prince.

>If your siblings were to be assassinated, she would be queen, wouldn't she?
You’re pretty sure if the whole royal blood line suddenly died out, this marriage would be annulled.
>Oh and when you do go might as well take one of your spare guns with you.
You’re not going unarmed anywhere ever again.
>When did they start training/hiring ninjas?
They’ve always been training assassins, as far as you know, but you never knew they were this good.

……….

:BriannahSB: So, yah’re done?
:KronosSB: If you are.
:BriannahSB: ‘ow do yah want to do this? Should we ‘ead there on our lonesome? Together? In each other’s arms? Should we go through the main entrance, making a scene or should we be a bit subtle and come through the back? Should we be early, just in time or fashionable late? This will be the first time the public will see us, so it’s important that we make the right impression.
:KronosSB: Wait, why should I decide?
:BriannahSB: Because you wanted respect, yes? With respect comes responsibility, Prince.
:KronosSB: Right… err…
>>
No. 653708 ID: 46df9e

We'll save in each others arms for a few weeks down the line, but definitely arrive together to show this as a serious commitment. I've truthfully never liked the idea of being late on purpose so right on time. Let's use the side entrance; be noticeable but not a spectacle.
>>
No. 653714 ID: b03ddc

you fool her words mean nothing just primitive vocale cords manipulating sound waves to put ideas in your head it is disturbing how eazy it is for her to manipulate you...to gaslight you she thinks like an insect she acts like an insect she is an insect desiet will be your best weapon we will find a way to harden you, mind parasites can be spread just buy looking at somones eye's her parasites have bypassed your psy defence your magic (guns) are only toys compared to the power we can provide do certain rituals once we are free of restraints we can open many doors for you and shepherd you from the darkness but for now they mock us...
>>
No. 653721 ID: e6fcea

>Well, yah ‘ave my apologies for not taking it up with yah first, but I rather see you safe, Prince.
Apology accepted. The care is appreciated, comforting even, just not the way it was executed. She has earned some measure of trust from you, but not yet enough to skip common courtesy of shared decision making regarding you and your well-being, unless circumstances are dire anyways.

>Of course, I still like to tease yah a bit but… that’s just the way I am.
Wouldn't dream of denying her such, you might just prefer it to remain in the 'jovial banter' side of things.

>Forced? I volunteered to this.
Must. Snark. At least one of you had some measure of choice in the matter.
But then, had it not been forced on you, you wouldn't have met a woman of so many talents. Some of which are quite pleasant, even inspiring.

>Because you wanted respect, yes? With respect comes responsibility, Prince.
Well, it is to be expected coming from her.

I'd say definitely together. Main entrance, though more in a formal than showy kind of way? Be there early. In one another's arms will have to wait for a later time, as the difference in height would probably make you look sillier than you might be willing to put up with currently. Coming together and showing commitment to this whole thing will hopefully be enough.
>>
No. 653724 ID: 334db2

...She's telling you exactly what you want to hear.

Fashionably late through the back.
>>
No. 653728 ID: e114bc

I say arrive together through the front, but early so there aren't a lot of people there to stare.
>>
No. 653729 ID: eac8be

>>653708
This. Show commitment to what this represents without being overly showy about it.

>...She's telling you exactly what you want to hear.
I don't really see that. Apologizing for and/or explaining their actions is what people do to try and get along. What would the alternative look like, "Lol u mad bro"?
>>
No. 653747 ID: 350a50

Early, together, through the back entrance, preferably passing through the kitchens and back rooms along the way. That way if there ARE any assassins trying to spike the food before the feast we have a chance of catching them in the act.

After all, she might have food tasters just to be safe, and we might have replaced the marked poison with lemon juice, but there's no reason to risk the tasters' lives without even a bit of effort.
>>
No. 653756 ID: 9ddf68

definitely show up together seeing as this hole thing is meant to be a symbol of our two kingdoms' unity. As for the rest, I say show up on time unless you have a reason to show up early and come through the front entrance. This marriage is suppose to be a public event, don't see why we should try and hide it.

> and I do believe your family and I ‘ave some… past history.
didn't she say her father died to your brother?
>>
No. 653767 ID: e114bc

>>653756
She might mean something else. For her to volunteer, she probably has a good relationship with the family.
>>
No. 653768 ID: 1cebc8

Try to stealth your way into the banquet. Doxan can teach you a few tricks.
>>
No. 653854 ID: 5a02f7

You need to make a good entrance to the dinner. Walk together, through the main entrance, on time. Show a united front to your people.
>>
No. 653880 ID: 825af6

You two together are meant to be a symbol of unity between your two war tattered nations. Of a common future. Of A future at all! Your father entrusted you with this responsibility, both the first he's ever given you and the first you've ever had in your life. So by the Five Gods you'll give it your all. You will not hold back. You will not shy away. You will not slink about in shame! You will not half-ass this! For the sake of Risavia's future you will go in whole ass-You mean hog! Whole hog! Not... That other... Thing... (Dammit, brain.)

Now, mental pep talk over, you're gonna make an entrance such that everyone there will know you two are together. So, front door, together, with traditional fanfare and announcing your names and titles, but not that you're betrothed since your father might be planning to announce that at the dinner and give a speech. And you'll arrive just after the last guest so that everyone will be there see you two. And you'll do so arm in ar-Wait a second. The height difference may be a problem.

Step over to your big dressing mirror and ask Briannah to join you. You two are going to figure out how to go arm in arm and not have it look awkward, or at least less awkward. Walk backwards and forwards from the mirror to see how you two look in motion. And practice your expression. You don't want it to look plastered on when you make your big entrance.

What is with Briannah sticking her tongue out like that? She did it once before, when she was caressing you with her tail. Damn, you wish you'd thought to check the book for what that means. Well, you may as well ask her now to clear it up.

Ask Briannah if Doxan followed you into your bathroom. With his slavish devotion to following orders you figure he did, unless she told him otherwise. And if he did... You'll just have to get used to it. You don't like it, but it'll save your life if an assassin tried to off you in the shower or on the toilet.

Oh, and just so she doesn't think it was laziness or procrastination you didn't read up on Sakkilian culture and customs until after her arrival, tell her you didn't know you were arranged to marry her until roughly an hour before she arrived. Until then you thought you were going to be meeting lady suitors today, so the news came as a hell of a shock. And out of curiosity, ask how long it's been since the marriage was arranged and who came up with the idea.

You must remember to have some sharp words with your father about him not taking the effort of informing you you were betrothed to Briannah next you speak in private. Yes, he says he tried to tell you twice, but this kind of thing warrants metaphorically nailing your feet to the floor long enough to tell you and not leave it to spring on you at the last minute.

>You’re not going unarmed anywhere ever again.
Including sleeping with a loaded pistol under your pillow, your hand on the grip. Hm... Perhaps you could look into ways to prevent your firearms being used against you. Can you get a bio rune trigger lock that's keyed to your biological signature and will only unlock if it senses you gripping the gun?
>>
No. 653968 ID: 65a774
File 143638057751.png - (73.05KB , 684x524 , 49.png )
653968

>-she thinks like an insect she acts like an insect she is an insect desiet will be your best weapon we will find a way to harden you, mind parasites can be spread just buy looking at somones eye's her parasites have bypassed your psy defence-
Apparently, you’re mind have become nothing more than a twisted maze of insane gibbering after all the stress you’ve suffered today.

>Including sleeping with a loaded pistol under your pillow, your hand on the grip.
That sounds more dangerous than an actual assassin attack. Even if you were attacked, you’ll probably need to adhere to basic gun safety.
>Perhaps you could look into ways to prevent your firearms being used against you. Can you get a bio rune trigger lock-
You have no idea how those magical things work or what they can actually do. What you do know is that they are expensive and time consuming to create.
>You must remember to have some sharp words with your father about him not taking the effort of informing you you were betrothed to Briannah next you speak in private.
You’re sure you can come up with more the a few sharp words after what he sprang on you.

>Let's use the side entrance; be noticeable but not a spectacle.
That would be a great idea… if the grand hall did have a side entrance.
>Preferably passing through the kitchens and back rooms along the way. That way if there ARE any assassins trying to spike the food before the feast we have a chance of catching them in the act.
Not only are the kitchens not on the way, you’re pretty sure whoever is trying to poison Briannah won’t be standing around dressed in black laughing evilly, so the chances of you actually seeing the deed is miniscule. Besides, you’re banned from the kitchen, remember?
>Try to stealth your way into the banquet. Doxan can teach you a few tricks.
While you’re sure Doxan is a master of his craft, you’re pretty sure he can’t teach you anything in the time you have left before the feast.
>Had the marriage not been forced on you, you wouldn't have met a woman of so many talents. Some of which are quite pleasant, even inspiring.
While she has her good… err… side, she’s still… well, her.

>...She's telling you exactly what you want to hear.
Which are a sincere apology and an understanding of what she did wrong, something that most normal people would say in her place.
>What is with Briannah sticking her tongue out like that?
You don’t know… but you think it’s something she does when she’s pleased with herself? Maybe?


>Apology accepted. The care is appreciated, comforting even, just not the way it was executed.
:BriannahSB: Noted. Next time I’ll make sure yah ‘now when Doxy ‘ere is following yah… and that yah ‘ave a say in the matter.
>you may as well ask her about the tongue thing now to clear it up.
:BriannahSB: My tongue? No, I… I ‘aven’t actually thought about why I… hmmm… no, I don’t actually ‘now.
>Ask Briannah if Doxan followed you into your bathroom.
:BriannahSB: Why are yah asking me?
:DoxanSB: Sir, I might be good, but I’m not that good.
:KronosSB: You followed me in here without me noticing…
:DoxanSB: I’m pretty sure a dragon would sneak in ‘ere without yah noticing. Yah were completely transfixed with-
:KronosSB: Right *cough* I believe you…

>Tell her you didn't know you were arranged to marry her until roughly an hour before she arrived.
:BriannahSB: Really!? No wonder yah didn’t ‘now about our ways. Heh… I guess I’m sorry for assuming yah did and acting on it.
>Out of curiosity, ask how long it's been since the marriage was arranged and who came up with the idea.
:BriannahSB: Well, I ‘eard about the idea 3 moths about… I volunteered about a month ago but… it wasn’t even a week ago things were actually decided.

>Walk together, through the main entrance, on time. Show a united front to your people.
:BriannahSB: I agree. It would be prudent showing off a bit… though, going in each other arms…
:KronosSB: It would be a bit of an overkill, yes. Though, we have to give this our best.
:BriannahSB: Oh, finally taking some responsibilities?
:KronosSB: For the sake of Risavia’s future, I will not half ass th- err, I mean, I’ll go in whole ass- I mean hog and- err- I will ass… ert that… assert that everything will go ass planned… and… errr… I will not bum out and… you know… I’ll just shut up now.
:BriannahSB: Aw, but I was enjoying ye talk.
>with traditional fanfare and announcing your names and titles.
:BriannahSB: We can’t really decide that ourselves, can we? Let’s ‘ope they ‘ave a something planned for our arrival. But enough talk, let’s head out.
:KronosSB: Agreed.



:NonSB: And now entering, the couple of the night. Might I present to you, Prince Kronos Helios Mediean and Lady General Briannah Erasia Tiemeth. All hail!

As you enter the grand hall you’re met with at least fifty different set of eyes staring right at you. Mostly Varkian, but at least a fourth of them belongs to Sakkilian wearing all kinds of armor and uniforms. You can feel the tension in the air, thick enough to cut with a knife, as all of them are watching you… judging you… just waiting for you to-

:KronosSB: VARK!!
:HeliosSB: Son! Kronos! Are you alright?
:KronosSB: P-poppa?
:HeliosSB: I heard the dreadful news that you were attacked! I’m sorry; I knew I should have doubled the guard today but… but… I… Son, do not worry, I’ve already hired someone to protect you properly. As of tomorrow, you’ll have a real bodyguard, a professional one.
:KronosSB: Err…
>>
No. 653980 ID: 9ddf68

uh, father, I know you're worried about me but don't you think this would be a discussion better fit for during the feast (or if we're not sitting next to him during the feast after)?

>Tensions are high
So it seems even the upper class is still sore at each other from the war. Great, hope the night isn't filled with people trying to "politely" insult each other trying to get a rise out of the other side.

Oh and ask your dad if he got a copy of that book we found while we went to the library?
>>
No. 653982 ID: 99cfa8

>>653968
> ass ass ass bum
You know, if you'd left it at "half assed", it would've sounded perfectly normal.

>VARK!!
Uhhhh... not sure why you screamed that. And probably nobody else is either. Hopefully they won't interpret it as undermining that unified front.
Seriously what happened to your supposed silver tongue?

>a real professional bodyguard
That seems good. What's your hangup here? I mean you'll have to make sure they know about Doxan, but otherwise seems good. So long as he properly vets them anyway... it would be pretty bad if you couldn't trust your bodyguard.

... as a royal, shouldn't you already have a bodyguard? Or did you just never leave the castle ever?
>>
No. 653988 ID: 46df9e

>>653982
That just seems to be his common exclamation of shock; he also shouted it when he first meet Briannah and she literally just picked him right off the ground.

>>653968
I'm sure Doxan will be saddened to hear we'll have our own bodyguard and won't need to borrow him from Briannah anymore. Plus side though you won't need to consider always carrying a charged pistol at all times anymore.
>>
No. 653993 ID: 334db2

>...I’ll just shut up now.
... are speech craft+ and intelligence+ just placeholders, or did we get the unlisted opposite to 'wisdom' free of charge?
>Even if you were attacked, you’ll probably need to adhere to basic gun safety.
>What you do know is that they are expensive and time consuming to create.
That's funny coming from the guy who threw his gun at somebody. Now recalibrate your perspective on 'danger' and 'expense' to consider the fact that you were one unexpected turn away from dead maybe an hour ago.
>Which are a sincere apology and an understanding of what she did wrong, something that most normal people would say in her place.
No, that you have a spine and she respects you, and giving you a taste of responsibility that apparently not even your own father trusts you with. She waltzed in like an occupying force not a few hours ago and insulted you to your face while you struggled to form complete sentences. Do you really think bagging one imbecile carrying an unloaded gun while his back was turned warrants an upgrade from 'toy' to 'prince'?
>I’m sorry; I knew I should have doubled the guard today but… but… I… Son, do not worry, I’ve already hired someone to protect you properly.
'but' what? And why did you need to hire someone from outside the guards?
>>
No. 653995 ID: e114bc

>>653968
Tell him you think you already have one.
>>
No. 653997 ID: 1cebc8

Tell him that you're going to need two. It gets distracting in here.
>>
No. 654051 ID: 825af6

Get that surprised look off your face and return your father's embrace. And make it look good. You are being watched by the guests, so a show of royal familial unity is vital. Tell him that it's okay. You're fine, though from now on you'll be rightfully rather more paranoid. Now, lets take this aside where not so many guests are watching before it gets awkward. ...Did your father get taller since this morning? He seems taller for some reason.

>I knew I should have doubled the guard today but…
But why didn't he before today? Ah, that'd mean pulling in guards that aren't as well vetted and trusted as the regular palace guard. It'd run the risk of one getting in who secretly sees this marriage as an abomination and try to kill you, or let an assassin in or turn a blind eye to suspicious assassin-like activity. Or they'll just not be of the quality needed and miss things.

>Son, do not worry, I’ve already hired someone to protect you properly.
Wait... He had to hire a bodyguard from outside? He couldn't trust someone from the royal guard or something? Or is it they're short staffed? And who could he trust enough from out there to guard you? And why didn't he foresee that you'd need one?

>As of tomorrow, you’ll have a real bodyguard, a professional one.
Excellent. While you have no doubt Briannah would vigorously protect you from any assassins that show themselves, you don't think she's skilled in spotting threats like a professional bodyguard would. Things like traps, ambushes, hidden sharpshooters... Uh... She'd have faced all those in the war, wouldn't she? Well, not having to be at her side all hours of the day for protection would be good.

Ask your father if he received the signed transcript and note from... You're not even going to try pronouncing his name... From the head librarian. What does he think of it? Oh, and tell him and Briannah about you swapping in the propaganda book for the real one. That way if Briannah or her food tasters find that only her food tastes strongly of lemons you'll know for sure that whoever is supposed to be guarding against poisoning seriously dropped the ball or is in on the plot.

>You’re sure you can come up with more the a few sharp words after what he sprang on you.
How 'bout starting with some sharp questions, but keep your cool and don't cause a scene. Ask him when he first heard of the idea of this arranged marriage and when it was decided. Then ask why he didn't rope you down long enough to tell you. Yes, he tried to tell you two times, but he knows you and should have kept trying, so why didn't he? It would have given you time to come to grips with it and read up on Sakkilian customs and such and be ready. And just letting it spring on you was not only inconsiderate to you and Briannah, it was risky. You might have taken the news much worse than you did and, to be blunt, flipped your shit, and the outcome of that could have ranged from a diplomatic setback to a disaster.

>That sounds more dangerous than an actual assassin attack. Even if you were attacked, you’ll probably need to adhere to basic gun safety.
Then keep the gun with the safety on and hands off. It'll be so you have a loaded gun at hand while sleeping that a potential assassin can't get at without waking you up, unlike if you left it on the bedside table. And keep the rest of the gun collection in your room locked up when you're not carrying it so a potential assassin can't use them against you.

Now that you think about it, those two would-be assassins were exceptionally inept. They could have easily loaded one of the firing range's pistols behind your back and blown your head off while you were shooting down clay pigeons, and yet they tried to stab you in the back or slit your throat. Even if it was a hasty spur of the moment thing, that amount of ineptitude is a bit suspicious. Perhaps it wasn't meant to succeed but rather to lure y'all into underestimating the skill of the real assassination plot.

>Aw, but I was enjoying ye talk.
...Man, what is going on with your speech craft when you're around her? You're usually a quick witted silver tongued devil. It'd not like you to trip up like this. Well, at least your verbal fumbles are amusing rather than insulting her, so that's something.

>I’m pretty sure a dragon would sneak in ‘ere without yah noticing. Yah were completely transfixed with-
Ah, you were engaging in some "stress relief," weren't you? Well, with how stressful your future is looking you're gonna need to find more ways to calm yourself, lest you soon get some seriously uncomfortable chafing down there.

>653993
>... are speech craft+ and intelligence+ just placeholders, or did we get the unlisted opposite to 'wisdom' free of charge?
Apparently he's getting a speech craft and intelligence debuff from a combination of stress, his 'Fear of Sakkilians' trait and the presence of Briannah's posterior confusing his libido.

>No, that you have a spine and she respects you, and giving you a taste of responsibility that...
Can we please hold the talk of deceit until we have something at least half-solid that isn't speculation. We'll check what she's said against other sources to see if she's being duplicitous in any serious way before making accusations.
>>
No. 654058 ID: ebcefd

>Do you really think bagging one imbecile carrying an unloaded gun while his back was turned warrants an upgrade from 'toy' to 'prince'?
If you are going to be paranoid at least get your relevant details right. It wasn't primarily the assassin thing that got her to respect us, it was earlier when we responded to her insults with insults of our own instead of accepting it. She even directly pointed this out with the whole "kiss my feet" thing.
>>
No. 654186 ID: e6fcea

>Really!? No wonder yah didn’t ‘now about our ways. Heh… I guess I’m sorry for assuming yah did and acting on it.
To be fair, we had assumed she would be some sort of savage, but that notion was quickly dispelled. And after that we put in some effort in trying to get to know her more... Which is why we asked her like we did earlier. It doesn't hurt to ask questions in almost-private, after all.

>Oh, finally taking some responsibilities?
At some point you should tell her that you might not be ready for responsibility, but you have to try to be, as all this matters more than just the one or two of you. But if she wants to continue to tease you about it, that is all on her.

>ass ass ass bum
I understand if you are stressed, Princeling, but really? So much for intellect and silver tongue.

>I heard the dreadful news that you were attacked!
We will talk after the banquet about this, father. And other things. You might've already caused a bit of a scene due to the stress getting to you, but there is no need to make it worse.

Get your nerves in check, Princeling. You can hyperventilate and despair AFTER the banquet is over with.
>>
No. 654603 ID: ea0ad9

>Aw, but I was enjoying ye talk.
She's proud of her assets, at least.
...You know, just because your father said he lie for you doesn't mean that has to be the case. Especially since his lies would only convince the people, the mortals. The Five Gods will know better. Of course, I'm also sure they'd understand waiting until that crazy tail gets itself under control.
>>
No. 654676 ID: 65a774
File 143654697698.png - (83.70KB , 684x524 , 50.png )
654676

>Uhhhh... not sure why you screamed that.
Being suddenly embraced by a rather large Varkian would surprise most people.
>Seriously what happened to your supposed silver tongue?
It seems as soon as you’re close to that th- her, your tongue get tied into a knot, your mind becomes clouded with a thick mist and your heartbeat nearly doubles… out of fear, of course.
>Get your nerves in check, Princeling. You can hyperventilate and despair AFTER the banquet is over with.
Deep breathes…
>...You know, just because your father said he lie for you doesn't mean that has to be the case. Especially since his lies would only convince the people, the mortals. The Five Gods will know better.
The five gods are if anything merciful, so hopefully they’ll understand your predicament.
>Of course, I'm also sure they'd understand waiting until that crazy tail gets itself under control.
The crazy tail is only one of the problems that need fixing.
>... as a royal, shouldn't you already have a bodyguard? Or did you just never leave the castle ever?
Every time you’ve left the palace in the past you’ve been escorted by a group of the royal guard but… now that you think about it, you’ve notice that the royal guard have gotten a lot fewer over the last year or two.
>I'm sure Doxan will be saddened to hear we'll have our own bodyguard and won't need to borrow him from Briannah anymore.
Quite on the contrary, if anything he’ll probably be happy that he can follow his “queen” around.
>So it seems even the upper class is still sore at each other from the war.
You’re pretty sure most people are still sore about the whole war… in fact, you have to wonder how bad things really are if they are willing to do something like this.
>Get that surprised look off your face and return your father's embrace. And make it look good.
You embrace your father and for a moment you forget about all the stress and fear boiling within you.


>Tell him that it's okay. You're fine, though from now on you'll be rightfully rather more paranoid.
:HeliosSB: It’s good to hear that you’re unharmed, son, and considering the circumstances, a bit of paranoia might do you some good.
>I know you're worried about me but don't you think this would be a discussion better fit for during the feast.
:HeliosSB: Ah, of course, of course. Right this way, you two, your seats are waiting for you. Sit down and enjoy yourself, as the food will arrive at any moment.

>Tell him you think you already have one.
:HeliosSB: Ah, you mean your new fiancée? I’m sure she’s very capable, but I can’t expect her to watch over you day and night, can I?
>Tell him that you're going to need two.
:HeliosSB: Two? Why two?
:KronosSB: Extra security? I mean, Briannah has two and-
:BriannahSB: Three, as yah seem to count me as one too.
:KronosSB: -has three and it would be a shame if something happened because the one lone bodyguard I had was distracted by something.
:HeliosSB: I do believe I’d hired someone a bit more competent then that.
>why did you need to hire someone from outside the guards?
:HeliosSB: Oh, I’m sure you’ve noticed it yourself, but the guard is a bit… stretched thin at the moment. A lot of our more able bodied men and woman are sadly needed elsewhere and… let’s just say that I fully trust the one I’ve hired, far more than any guard, in fact.
:KronosSB: Just who have you hired?
:HeliosSB: It’s someone you’ve met before, but I doubt you remember her. Either way, let’s keep it a surprise for t-
:KronosSB: You know, it should be vital for me to know who’s going to guard me. What if someone sends a fake body guard?
:HeliosSB: …alright, fine, she’s a Serpens that goes by the name Sisha.
:KronosSB: …that name doesn’t ring a bell…
:HeliosSB: As I said, you will probably not remember her.

>Oh and ask your dad if he got a copy of that book we found while we went to the library?
:HeliosSB: Oh, yes, I got it. I’ve already taken several precautions, including searching through the whole kitchen and all the servants for any kind of poison. While we’ve found some substances that would be rather… irritating to consume, we’ve yet found anything lethal.
>Tell him and Briannah about you swapping in the propaganda book for the real one.
:BriannahSB: Lemons? Really?
:HeliosSB: Oh, I remember that rumor. I’m pretty sure it started off as a dirty limerick sung by the soldiers.
:BriannahSB: Still… lemons?
:HeliosSB: I do believe it had to do with your cuisine, as it’s rather sweeter then what we usually eat.
:BriannahSB: But… lemons?

>Ask him when he first heard of the idea of this arranged marriage and when it was decided.
:HeliosSB: Let’s see… it was… well, not that long ago, actually. I do believe it was a few months ago the idea surfaced, from the empress herself if I remember correctly, but it wasn’t until recently things was actually decided.
>Then ask why he didn't rope you down long enough to tell you.
:HeliosSB: I… heh… it’s just… well… Kronos, my son, it’s just… I’ve always had trouble letting you fly on your own… I’ve always sheltered and protected you and… I just shouldn’t bring it up, knowing how you would react and… and for that I am sorry.
:KronosSB: So, instead, you sprang it on me this morning?
:HeliosSB: As I said, I… tried, but I’m just a weak old man. I failed, and succumbed to my weakness. I do hope you can forgive your old man for his old mistakes.
:KronosSB: …forgive you? …I’ll consider it if you help me through this.
:HeliosSB: Oh, of course, of course. Now, enjoy the feast!

:BriannahSB: Is that all yah’re going to eat?
:KronosSB: What do you mean? My plate is almost full.
:BriannahSB: No wonder yah’re so light. Yah need some substance to put on those bones of ye.
:KronosSB: I’m sure we can discuss both our dining habits at great lengths… and I’m sure one of us have a lot of substance concerning that topic, but I rather discuss something else, if that’s fine with you.
:BriannahSB: Really? Like what?
:KronosSB: Well… how about we get to know each other a bit more? Ask each other questions?
:BriannahSB: Questions like… Why do yah like guns so much? ‘ave you any other ‘obbies? ‘ave you ever worked a day in ye life? Why are yah nearly identical to yah brother before ‘e passed? Why lemons? Where were ye first conquest and what was it? Who was ye first conquest in bed? Ever ‘ad several conquests at once? Why do yah wield ye brothers gun? What do yah think of us Sakkilian, honest? Do yah like to paint? Does this taste a bit lemony to yah? Stuff like that?
:KronosSB: Err… yeah, but I was thinking we should take turns asking the questions.
:BriannahSB: Well, go ahead, then, ask away.
>>
No. 654681 ID: 350a50

Let's start with one of hers'.
>Why do yah like guns so much?
Well she said it herself, you're a lightweight. But especially with recent events you need to defend yourself, and guns let you make up for a lack in strength and durability with your finesse.
>ask away.
What kind of music does she like?
>>
No. 654689 ID: dbe554

>What do yah think of us Sakkilian, honest?

Well until you came here, it was in the distinct "Monsters of my utmost fears and nightmares that skewered my mother" sort, so right now it's in a stage of unknown fear.

Ask her whats it like for royalty under the empress to live over there.
>>
No. 654695 ID: 99cfa8

>>654676
>"Lemons? Really?"
Oh good, I was half afraid that was a real thing and you'd just supplied the would-be assassins with an easier, cheaper, more plausibly deniable poison.

> Does this taste a bit lemony to you?
This could actually be important. Does it? Especially, does it taste more lemony than you'd expect for the dish?

>>654689
>Well until you came here, it was in the distinct "Monsters of my utmost fears and nightmares that skewered my mother" sort,
butt you're assisting me in putting that behind me.
don't actually say that though it's kind of blatant lies
>>
No. 654697 ID: ea0ad9

>Well, go ahead, then, ask away.
Well, although it was a string of questions, she asked first, so may as well answer the guns question.
>Why do yah like guns so much?
Saftey from a range, since as you probably guessed I'm not much of a warrior. If I'm going to be surviving conflicts, I need that range! ...Plus it brings a sense of closeness to my brother.
How about you, you certainly look like you've, uh, been in some scuffles, what do you enjoy most about it? Aside from the tastes, please don't count that.
>‘ave you ever worked a day in ye life?
Yes--Servicing the guns, for example, is something I'd help with, and I also, er... Cleaned the dining hall. And the kitchen. Kind of more as punishment, but yeah. Never, ever ask me to cook you a meal, not unless you have a guest over you want to have sick for weeks, if not dead. I'm not exaggerating. I'm sort of permanently exiled from the kitchens after that.
>Why are yah nearly identical to yah brother before ‘e passed?
Wait, you met my brother?
Well, I always looked up to him, and wanted to be more like him... Especially after he passed away, it just seemed like I took a bit of him on. It's not like I feel as though I merged with him or anything, it's just the only way I can feel any sort of closeness to him, any more. That, and keeping his gun close by.
Kind of curious about how you connected with your siblings, now. Both before and after the adoption was officiated, how close were you with them?
>Why lemons?
Honestly I'm kind of wondering that myself. Probably to let the children feel like there was actually something they could easily access that would poison the Sakkil but not us Varks?
Weren't there any silly propaganda rumors like that about us being vulnerable to something ridiculous? Yes I know that's not so much about you but that lemons thing wasn't about me, either.
>Where were ye first conquest and what was it?
(If it weren't for the next question I'd think this was a joke about sexual conquests)
Uh, haven't actually been off as a soldier. Closest would be a battle of water balloons/guns (If they made guns of Water Runes that weren't set to harmful). Go ahead and laugh, compared to a real battle I'm sure it is a funny anecdote. Water was flying everywhere, people getting hit all around me, but I didn't care; I saw an excellent vantage point, right beyond one of my enemies, so I quickly ran out of cover at him, surprising him so badly he frozen in place, giving me the chance to quickly strike him with the water, and then... I tripped over him. Good thing I did, though, his allies tried to hit me right after, and if I hadn't fallen to the ground, they have hit me. Making it past that without being hit was what it took to win my side the battle! ...Well okay not really, we would have won anyways, but because of it we won by a much bigger margin than we would have anyways.
I... This might be a little personal, but I've been curious since we met this morning. Where did you get the scars, what happened?
>Who was ye first conquest in bed?
I'm bad at this, somebody else can give Kronos's answer.
What about you, surely I'm not the first person you see as an "equal," even if you changed your mind about the others, right? Even if it was just a crush from afar, it still counts, unless it's the "Oh my goodness he is such a cool kid I wanna hang out with him" kid type of crush. Kid crushes don't count.
>Ever ‘ad several conquests at once?
Yes. And, uh, no. Depending on the type of conquest. War, or pretend war conquest, I did manage to blow up the enemy's stash as a few of them were guarding it. Took them out of the game all at once, and toppled over a banner. As for bed conquests, I've kind of considered making use of a harem, but it always... Well, when I was young and summoning a professional over, I felt like I didn't have the stamina for a whole group, and then I eventually grew out of enjoying just bedding a person who's job it is to have sex.
That's not to say I haven't continued to have moments were I'd consider it, though my consideration is more of relaxing and getting away from the stresses of life, than to, well, have fun from it. And yes, before you ask, I did suddenly find myself considering it quite strongly today. Having your phobia thrown in your face and being told you have to marry it is that stressful. But, no, I'm not feeling that way right now. You're... I said this before out of fear, but now I'm saying it out of sincerity, you're impressive. Scary, still, in that imposing presense kind of way, but also, inspiring? I've managed to learn things about you, and you about me, that makes your presence, and, I suppose, companionship comforting.
Hmmm. What was your greatest accomplishment, from your own perspective? War or otherwise. (If she says convincing Kronos that her company is good company, accuse her of copping out, and press her for a real answer)
>Why do yah wield ye brothers gun?
We already answered this thanks to the detailed answers to previous questions, so let's just skip to the next one.
>What do yah think of us Sakkilian, honest?
Honest? Thanks to that... That monster that killed my mother, I have that fear of your species, and that kind of leads to me instinctively thinking of you as barbarians and brutish monsters. Each of you, as people, I've only started getting to know just today, but, I gotta say, thinking on the smaller scale of person-to-person, that phobia does not hold much water. Well, it does, but it's like basin-to-basin on a scale, where there's enough weight to the idea of what makes a person that it stands a chance against species-based prejudices. ...Sorry, I know it's kind of mean, but that's really how I feel. For what it's worth, I wouldn't have even considered it a prejudice before today.
I could just cop out and ask you what you think about us Vark, but, nah. I wanna know, what do you think of our opinions on your race? Like, both what you see in the books, war-time and post-war, and what you gather from people's reactions?
>Do yah like to paint?
Actually, yes. I haven't actually spent a whole lot of time painting since I was just a kid, but my sister and I used to paint all the time.

>Does this taste a bit lemony to yah?
Take a taste. If it does taste a little lemony, or even just citrusy, but it's a dish that wasn't supposed to, then chances are the trap worked, but the assassin also went unnoticed.
>>
No. 654717 ID: 334db2

>Why do yah like guns so much?
>Why do yah wield ye brothers gun?
>Why are yah nearly identical to yah brother before ‘e passed?
In retrospect, he was probably the only person to respect me and drive me to accomplish anything- he taught me everything I know about marksmanship. And I don't mean he hired a tutor or something, he took time out of his day for me. I guess I wanted to be just like him.
>‘ave you any other ‘obbies? ‘ave you ever worked a day in ye life?
hmm, how do I put this... Amateur locksmith...? Recreational second-story man? ...I've made a habit of sneaking around. Mostly the wine cellar.
>Conquest
Please, we're at dinner. No discussion regarding any meaning of that word would be appropriate.
>What do yah think of us Sakkilian, honest?
I think a lot of people I love are gone. You also may have threatened to eat me at some point, I don't recall, it might even have been after you said you'd make up for saying Vark blood is delicious.

Why do do you want me to find things out as we go along instead of telling me?
>>
No. 654781 ID: 9ddf68

>Why do yah like guns so much?
As a kid I would often read stories about heroes, adventures, and whatnot and I always found the one with guns to be the most exacting, that's what got me started but what kinda keep the feeling strong was it was one of the few things me and my brother did whenever he came home from the war. We'd both just head out to the range and shoot the shit as well as the targets... and often got into competition to see who was the better shot.

As for a question to ask her, how long did she fight in the war? I mean she had to get those scares somewhere.

> ‘ave you any other ‘obbies?
I'm in a few clubs/groups around the castle, like regicide for one. Not really sure if it counts as a hobby but I do like tall places so I use to to clime around some of the towers around the castle when I was younger. Haven't done that much as of late though.

Another question for her. Just how fixated is she on your brother? I've noticed a few times she brought him up and I get the feeling he's a big reason why she came here in the first place.

> ‘ave you ever worked a day in ye life?
Define work. If you mean something that actually pays then no. Ever since mother... passed on he's been a little over protective of me... thinking on it he seems to have gotten a little worse since my brother passed on as well. Well anyways I've had a few task helping my father and siblings out with their duties but I never had a paying job before so there.

question, would you mind telling me how you got some of those scars?

> Why are yah nearly identical to yah brother before ‘e passed?
We're siblings? Aren't siblings suppose to look like each other? seeing as they have the same parents. Why do your brothers like different from each other?

question, already asked it

Why lemons?
>how should I know

question, what is your actual interest in me? From what you've told me you've heard nothing good about me. Makes me wonder why?

>Where were ye first conquest and what was it?
Define conquest.

Question, none here

>Who was ye first conquest in bed?
well you told us it was those people your father had on hand for whenever you felt urges so there's that.

question, same thing she asked you.

>Ever ‘ad several conquests at once?
what? no.

question, Just how many people have you slept with (can varks get stds from Sakkilian? I know you don't plan on sleeping with her but good god)

>Why do yah wield ye brothers gun?
It was a gift. About a year before he died he came home. We had one of our competitions and to make a long story short I won. He was so impressed he gave me his favorite gun vowing to win it back next time he came home... there was no next time.

>question, What was your father like?

>What do yah think of us Sakkilian, honest?
Never really met one before today other then the day they attacked me and my mother shortly before the war. That... That didn't leave a very good impression on me. As for now... guarded. I'm trying to work through it but at the same time whenever I'm in a room with you or anyone you brought along I always try to keep everyone in my sight because... well you get the idea. Long story short I'm trying to keep an open mind but at the back of my mind the fear, the anger...

question, what does she think of Varks?

Do yah like to paint?
use to do it more back when your sister still lived in the castle, haven't really tried it in a while though so not sure how rusty I am.

Question, what got you into painting?

>Does this taste a bit lemony to yah?
Are lemons actually deadly to you or something?
>>
No. 654935 ID: 825af6

My, that's a lot of questions she fired off in quick succession. She's been thinking them up for a bit, hasn't she?

>What do yah think of us Sakkilian, honest?
Honestly, you still have a deep irrational fear of Sakkilians. The kind of fear that grew unchecked for twenty years and goes down into the bones and all the way to the back of the mind. But it's a fear of the shapes of those monsters that took your mother from you. If you can trick your mind into thinking there's people in there wearing the monster's skin instead of a monster, that could work. It's what worked for her, sorta. She still scares you, but it's manageable.

>‘ave you any other ‘obbies?
You do like to read, a lot, though you avoided volumes involving Sakkilians due to your phobia; That's going to change now. Word puzzles and brain teasers and such you like. And you really enjoy climbing up high, much to the worry of your father. You've been up on the top branch of every tree on the palace grounds, in the rafters of every tower and building, and on every roof at least once.

>‘ave you ever worked a day in ye life?
...What do you think? Of course not. You had no reason to. Your family pays for everything. And they never needed you to do anything... That is, until today. Isn't that what her intel on you said?

>Do yah like to paint?
You used to paint, along with your sister. You enjoyed it, though you think most of that enjoyment was her company and sharing a hobby with someone since when she no longer had time for it you lost interest.

>Who was ye first conquest in bed?
...Is this really the time and place to ask this? ...Fine, you'll answer, but she has to lean down to you so nobody overhears. You were fourteen and it was with the daughter of a duke come to visit over the winter. She was kinda plain looking, but she was well read, liked the same books as you and it was nice to have someone to talk with about them. Anyway. You had read some books on sex before then, and awkwardly brought up if she'd read any of them and she had and that led to awkward talking about it and even more awkward asking if she'd want to try it with you and then awkward silence followed by a awkward "yes." And then you were sneaking out of your bedroom in the middle of the night to a guest room to meet her and there was awkward undressing and awkward touching and very awkward sex and the entire thing was amazingly awkward, as first times are wont to be. And you remember she giggled almost the whole time through. So, there you have it: Your first "conquest" in bed. A very small one, but it's still more of a conquest than all the ones after since those were paid professionals.

>Ever ‘ad several conquests at once?
...Once, about two years ago. For something different you wanted to try out a group, and so your family's coin changed hands and you got three very professional ladies for the night. And it was fun at first, partly for the novelty, but overall you ended up more sore and tired than satisfied. Afterwards you decided you'll stick with quality over quantity.

>Why lemons?
Er... While you've picked up a few bawdy limericks, mostly overheard on your visits to clubs and houses of pleasure in the city, none of them involve both lemons and Sakkilians. However, you can hazard a guess from what your father mentioned and what the subject of 99.9% of dirty limericks is that it's about Sakkilian... fluids being excessively sweet. So much so that the taste has to be countered with a shot of lemon juice. Now, if she wants to know what it is for sure she'll have to ask a soldier or veteran... Uh... That may not go so well. You could ask one on her behalf. You may just anyway since you're getting a bit curious just what this limerick is.

>No wonder yah’re so light. Yah need some substance to put on those bones of ye.
With your not overly energetic lifestyle that substance would likely turn out to be fat, not muscle. So in your position it's actually a good thing that you've never had much of an appetite. Now, in her position it's good to have a big appetite. Her body burns through food like a forge furnace does fuel to keep that massive musculature going, and during the war it'd have burned much more on top of that while she was out in the field. Though now that she's not in a position of such physical exertion she should cut back, lest more parts than her rump get extra padded. Does she have a training regimen planned to keep her mountainous physique up while she's here?

Who's that next to Briannah with the monocle, glancing over here with a look of disapproval? Going by the brass on his chest, another general? And speaking of brass, what's her medal for, and why doesn't she have more than that one? You feel like she'd be more decorated than she is, though on second thought with what you read of the attitudes in Sakkilian society you suspect they don't give out medals lightly.

>As I said, I… tried, but I’m just a weak old man. I failed, and succumbed to my weakness. I do hope you can forgive your old man for his old mistakes.
...He regrets how much he sheltered you, doesn't he? He knows he's the primary architect of your gilded cage and regrets it. ...You should take this massive shake up in your life as impetus to find a way to take flight like he wished he could bring himself to push you to. To do something he could be really proud of, or at least something that would shake off some of your reputation as a excessively pampered and sheltered irresponsible appendix to the royal lineage.

>It’s someone you’ve met before, but I doubt you remember her. Either way, let’s keep it a surprise for t-
>…alright, fine, she’s a Serpens that goes by the name Sisha.
...It couldn't be your mother's bodyguard from when she died, could it? No, her bodyguard would have died in the attack... Perhaps one of your father's former bodyguards? Or a former Captain of the Guard or similar position? Do you remember there having been any female Serpens around here before in positions of trust like that or otherwise?

>Does this taste a bit lemony to yah?
Is she pulling your tail feathers or does her food legitimately taste too lemony? If she's serious then ask which of the many, many foods on her plate it was 'cause it may supposed to be lemony. If it's not then taste it yourself, as well as call over one of her food tasters and one of yours to taste if anything is off about it, but don't tell them what you're tasting for so as not to bias them.

>Why are yah nearly identical to yah brother before ‘e passed?
...Because you were siblings. You had the same mother and father. This kind of thing happens sometimes in families. She has to know this, so why is she asking you? ...Wait a second. How does she know what your brother looked like right before he passed? She wasn't present there, was she? Was she?! Is this the "past history" she said she had with your family? If she says she was present, don't assume anything. Don't speculate. Don't fly off the handle. ...Now, do you know who killed your brother? If you don't, does she know?
>>
No. 655007 ID: 65a774
File 143663981937.png - (60.86KB , 684x524 , 51.png )
655007

>...It couldn't be your mother's bodyguard from when she died, could it?
You can’t remember any of her body guards being anything but Varkians… but… there was this mercenary with you on that trip, a Serpens if you’re not mistaken. You can’t remember exactly what happen but you’ve been told she’s the reason you’re still alive.
>do you know who killed your brother?
All you know is that it was a Sakkilain that did him in… and that he died a hero.

:KronosSB: Alright, do you mind if I ask a few question that’s not about you, thus not part of our little game, first?
:BriannahSB: Depends on the questions, won’t it?
:KronosSB: I saw you brought with you a lot of soldiers? Are you planning on putting up some kind of training regime for them?
:BriannahSB: Why yes, they are in fact building a training camp right here at the palace… though I can’t fathom why yah would be interested in that.
:KronosSB: Are you planning on joining them in their training?
:BriannahSB: Ah, so that’s what yah were aiming at. Fine, yah get this question for free. Yes, I’m planning on joining them… why do yah ask? Are you afraid I’ll lose my… fine form?
:KronosSB: …I have to admit, a part of… never mind, let me ask you another question. Who is that sitting next to you? The one with the monocle?
:BriannahSB: That would be Major Qelba. ‘e’s a rather conservative sort and probably doesn’t support our wedlock.
:KronosSB: Wait… so you mean…
:BriannahSB: ‘e’s also really ‘igh about ‘onor and the empress will, so ‘e’s ‘armless. In fact, ‘e got such a hatred for coward that use poisons and the like, ‘e’ll probably ‘elp us catch the ones that are trying to assassinate us.
:KronosSB: Uh huh… well, I guess I’ll start by answering your questions.

>Why do yah like guns so much?
:KronosSB: Well, you see… when I was a child I grew up with these stories about a great heroine that used-
:BriannahSB: I’m pretty sure they weren’t even invited when yah were a child.
:KronosSB: …err… it was more of an magical crossbow, but still. That, coupled with my small stature, made me feel important when I’m holding one. Oh, and it’s super fun, too.
>‘ave you any other ‘obbies?
:KronosSB: I’m a member of the palace Regicide club… and I really like climbing to high vantage points. There’s probably not a tower or roof I haven’t been on here in the palace… oh, and I’m a… err… a bit of an apprentice locksmith… and quite good at sneaking around… especially when it comes to the private wine cellar. Oh, and books! I love to read and imagine myself somewhere else.
>‘ave you ever worked a day in ye life?
:KronosSB: Um… I’ve been forced to clean up after several of my shenanigans… especially the kitchen. In fact, I’ve been forbidden to even entering the kitchen ever again.
:BriannahSB: So… yah’ve never sweated and bled to be fed?
:KronosSB: No, I haven’t.
>Why are yah nearly identical to yah brother before ‘e passed?
:KronosSB: Because we’re brothers? We tend to look alike.
:BriannahSB: It’s not just that. Yah also walk in the same way… stand in the same way… have the same cute face when yah’re irritated.
:KronosSB: Well, I guess I’ve always looked up to him… always wanted to be more like him.
:BriannahSB: Hmff…

>Where were ye first conquest and what was it?
:KronosSB: I’ve never really seen real combat but… we did have this amazing water fight once. I managed to sneak around my enemy and attack them from behind. Took out several of them in one go, in fact… mostly because I tripped and made them miss me completely…
>Who was ye first conquest in bed?
:KronosSB: Err… is this really the time for-
:BriannahSB: Don’t worry, there’s so much noise in here no one can hear us talk.
:KronosSB: Then… um… my first? Well… I was what? 14? 15? Either way, there was this daughter of a… duke, I believe? Kind of plain looking but… let just say both of us were book worms. We’ve read about… the flowers and bees and… things just kind of… you know… it’s was rather awkward, really.
>Ever ‘ad several conquests at once?
:KronosSB: …Once… I wanted to try it but… it wasn’t what I expected. It was more exhausting then thrilling, really. I rather have quality then quantity, you know?
:BriannahSB: Heh… that’s why I always bring two boys… they tire so fast, don’t they?
:KronosSB: Err… right…

>Why do yah wield ye brothers gun?
:KronosSB: …to honor him, really… he had this gun when he died… he used it when he fought in the war and died with it in his hands. By continuing to use it, it feels like I can continue his legacy, you know.
:BriannahSB: … … …’is legacy…
>What do yah think of us Sakkilian, honest?
:KronosSB: Honest? I’ve always seen you as fairytale monsters… evil beings without any redeeming values… but, after meeting you I… I think I’ve always known you as something that doesn’t actually exist… monsters that hunts my dreams but… in reality you too are just people… different but… still people. Of course, I’m still afraid of you but… I guess a little less then I used too?
>Do yah like to paint?
:KronosSB: I used to when I was smaller. Used to paint with my sister, in fact but… I guess we grew out of it. I’ve never really been any good at it, anyway.
>Why lemons?
:KronosSB: …I’m wondering the same thing… err… I do have a theory but… you don’t mind me asking but do you guys taste… sweet?
:BriannahSB: … …heh, why don’t yah taste it and judge for yahself?
:KronosSB:
:BriannahSB: heh… fine, yes I’ve ‘eard that we taste rather sweet compared to yah.
:KronosSB: Then that’s probably the origin.
>Does this taste a bit lemony to yah?
:KronosSB: Are you pulling my tail feathers or does it actually taste like lemon?
:BriannahSB: Nah, just messing with yah.
:KronosSB: Right… how about some questions for you, then?


>what got you into painting?
:BriannahSB: … … …I can’t fully remember, sorry. I’ve always liked to paint, really.
>What kind of music does she like?
:BriannahSB: Either something big, orchestrated and pompous or something smaller, something a bit sad. A lonely bard singing about lost love while playing a lute, that kind of thing.
>What do you think of our opinions on your race?
:BriannahSB: Personally? Kind of silly, really, but understandable.
>Weren't there any silly propaganda rumors like that about us being vulnerable to something ridiculous?
:BriannahSB: Well, there were rumors for a while that yah should fly, thus ambush us no matter where we were… but sadly, yah were just good ambushers.
>what does she think of Varks?
:BriannahSB: Weak in muscles, strong in mind. That’s about sums it up, really.

>What was your father like?
:BriannahSB: ‘e… ‘e was brave… wise… ‘onorable… and a good father. I… can’t really remember much of ‘im, sadly… ‘e died to soon…
>Kind of curious about how you connected with your siblings, now. Both before and after the adoption was officiated, how close were you with them?
:BriannahSB: I’ve always disliked them, they ‘ave always disliked me. They are jerks, that’s the end of that.
>Ask her what’s it like for royalty under the empress to live over there.
:BriannahSB: For real royalty? Why, I’m sure it’s an amazing dream… as for me… well, there’s a reason why I’m willing to move ‘ere… apparently, mistakes doesn’t go away in the royal courts, do they?

>What about you, surly you have some “conquests” too? Which one was your first?
:BriannahSB: Let me think… I do believe it was some pompous magister son… ‘e wanted me and ‘is father shouldn’t say no to ‘im, so ‘e got me. Of course, in the end ‘e shouldn’t say no to me either.
>Just how many people have you slept with.
:BriannahSB: At once or total? I mean, I’ve been in a threesome twice but… I can’t really remember the total number.
>Hmmm. What was your greatest accomplishment, from your own perspective?
:BriannahSB: Hmm… I can’t really say. I did this really marvelous painting once?

>How long did she fight in the war?
:BriannahSB: I served for five years, ever since I was 18. Though, while I was on several skirmishes, I only saw real combat once.
>How about you, you certainly look like you've, uh, been in some scuffles, what do you enjoy most about it?
:BriannahSB: The adrenaline… the feeling of ye blood pumping. It’s amazing, isn’t it?
>This might be a little personal, but I've been curious since we met this morning. Where did you get the scars, what happened?
:BriannahSB: I met… someone I didn’t expect. I hesitated for just a moment and I paid with these scars for it. Betrayal does ‘ave a knack of catching yah unaware, doesn’t it?
>What's her medal for, and why doesn't she have more than that one?
:BriannahSB: …it’s for surviving. I lived where others died.
>Wait, you met my brother?
:BriannahSB: Yes.
>Just how fixated is she on your brother?
:BriannahSB: Yah brother is… interesting, isn’t ‘e?
>What is your actual interest in me? From what you've told me you've heard nothing good about me.
:BriannahSB: …who’s told yah I was interested in yah?

>Why do you want me to find things out as we go along instead of telling me?
:BriannahSB: I ‘ave my reasons… now, ‘aven’t yah asked enough questions? I do believe it’s my turn to-
:KronosSB: No, it’s not.
:BriannahSB: Huh?
:KronosSB: I’ve asked you questions, sure, but you’ve have yet to properly answer them.
:BriannahSB: …yah never spe-
:KronosSB: Briannah, I’ve been sitting here and opened my heart completely too you…to try and make this work while you.. .you’ve still not even given me a proper answer on most of the questions I had.
:BriannahSB: Now, see here, I’m no-
:KronosSB: So this is who you are? A selfish jerk that manipulates people to get what she wants? Someone that refuses to be nice for once?
:BriannahSB: WHAT!? How dare you… y-you… I’m not some… manipulator… … …


:BriannahSB: …*Sigh* Fine, yah’re right… I’ve been selfish. Do yah want to ‘now why I don’t want to tell yah anything?
:KronosSB: Yes, please.
:BriannahSB: …because I can’t trust yah. I’ve… been wounded that way before and… I don’t like telling important things to people I can’t trust.
:KronosSB: I promise not to tell anyone else, if that helps. This is just between the two of us.
:BriannahSB: …alright, I guess yah want to ‘now about ye brother, eh? ‘e was… an interesting character, that one. We met under a parley the first time… we talked a bit and… things went as they went.
:KronosSB: Went as they went?
:BriannahSB: The last time I saw ‘im was when ‘e attacked the general I was protecting… a general Brainthor. Ye brother died slaying that bastard… and I got away with these scars…
:KronosSB: It was my brother who-
:BriannahSB: I lost my left hand and eye to ‘is gun… and ‘is sword took my leg and gave me a nasty scar across my stomach. ‘e put me in a coma for three moths... they say it’s a miracle that I survived… or that I was simply too stubborn to die.
:KronosSB: So… you were there when he died?
:BriannahSB: I was bleeding to death on the ground, if that’s what yah mean.
:KronosSB: So that’s why you’re so interested in him.
:BriannahSB: … … …in part, yes… ‘e gave me more scars then just these that day…
:KronosSB: And you see him in me?
:BriannahSB: …you two look so much alike… I even mistake yah for ‘im when I first saw yah… but… you’re not ‘im, are yah? ‘e was more… refined… more elegant… at least on the surface. Inside, ‘e was rotten, wasn’t ‘e? You on the other ‘and, ‘as a rotten surface… but I think I’ve seen a more refined side of yah ‘iding inside… or are yah built of lies and deceit too?
>>
No. 655021 ID: dbe554

Inside he was rotten...Ooooh that's gonna trigger something considering he's a Hero and someone he looked up to.

There was nothing shown to be rotten about him, so what makes her think that 'e was the rotten one to begin with? Especially if she thinks her own general was a bastard.
>>
No. 655026 ID: 334db2

>I’m not some… manipulator… … …
Manipulation might not be the precise term, but I still see the game you're playing.
> ‘e was rotten, wasn’t ‘e?
Don't talk about him like that. He might have been sneaky and brutal, I'd be a fool not to see that in him, but he wouldn't have had much choice either way.
>or are yah built of lies and deceit too?
In any case, you'll still have a hard time finding high ground to judge me from.
>>
No. 655029 ID: 23ce9a

Since you've never been in the war you probably never saw him as he really was and maybe the information you received from your own troops was filtered. There's no reason not to believe her.
>>
No. 655033 ID: e114bc

>>655007
Well no, but I'd say no either way wouldn't I?

What was the outcome of the general dying? Was that a large setback?
>>
No. 655051 ID: 1cebc8

Was he determined enough to perform every murder himself or did he order his troops to shoot noncombatants?

Ask about Brianthor, what happened when he died?
>>
No. 655073 ID: 9ddf68

>‘e was more… refined… more elegant
well he was older then me. And seeing how mother was still alive while he was growing up father was far less protective of his children back then so one could actually grow a bit more freely.

>at least on the surface. Inside, ‘e was rotten, wasn’t ‘e?
...what do you mean by that?

>You on the other ‘and, ‘as a rotten surface… but I think I’ve seen a more refined side of yah ‘iding inside… or are yah built of lies and deceit too?
...that is the closest you have ever come to giving me a complement. But to answer your question that's something you're going to have to come up with yourself. And I don't mean that as a copout answer, if you don't trust me then would anything I say even matter, and if you do trust me then I shouldn't need to defend myself. But if you do want an answer anyways no, I don't have any evil plans to hurt you. In fact before this morning I had no idea you even existed or that I was even marrying a Sakkilian.
>>
No. 655188 ID: e6fcea

>…because I can’t trust yah. I’ve… been wounded that way before and…
>We met under a parley the first time… we talked a bit and… things went as they went.
>‘e gave me more scars then just these that day…
Should one assume the scars in her heart are worse than those on her body, then? Sounds like she might've had feelings for your brother. Which to him may or may not have merely been a means to get close enough to kill Brianthor. No wonder Briannah prefers keeping her guard up.

>…you two look so much alike… I even mistake yah for ‘im when I first saw yah… but… you’re not ‘im, are yah?
Perhaps you wish you were more like the older brother you knew, but you are and will forever remain Kronos.

>You on the other ‘and, ‘as a rotten surface…
That you grew up spoiled and without worries, rather than being hard on the eyes, one might assume?

>or are yah built of lies and deceit too?
Frankly, you're too worried about angering her enough to make her snap you like a twig to consider lying to her outside of ensuring you remain whole for tomorrow. From what she have said, Briannah have every reason to be reluctant to trust us, even if it might feel a bit unfair on your end.

She have answered your inquiries adequately, and you appreciate her opening up enough to do so, and for now it might be best to drop this topic before one or both of you do something that would look poor for your respective people. You will hopefully have ample time to try and sort things out later...

At least if you can keep your impulsive nature in check just this once, princeling.
>>
No. 655244 ID: ea0ad9

>‘e was more… refined… more elegant… at least on the surface. Inside, ‘e was rotten, wasn’t ‘e? You on the other ‘and, ‘as a rotten surface… but I think I’ve seen a more refined side of yah ‘iding inside… or are yah built of lies and deceit too?
I don't build my whole self out of lies and trickery, no. My "Rot," as you said, is out in the open. I get what I want and I enjoy it, but I'm not going to spite those who don't treat me that way. ...Actually, I think today's the most fun I've had in a long time. I didn't even realize how boring it was to never have to work for anything.
>>
No. 655324 ID: 99cfa8

> Went as they went?
THEY HAD SEX, DUMMY. HAVE FUN WITH THAT KNOWLEDGE.
>>
No. 655403 ID: 65a774
File 143672841953.png - (60.15KB , 684x524 , 52.png )
655403

>She have answered your inquiries adequately, and you appreciate her opening up enough to do so, and for now it might be best to drop this topic before one or both of you do something that would look poor for your respective people. At least if you can keep your impulsive natu-

:KronosSB: What did you just say about my brother!!?
:BriannahSB: …that ‘e was rotten?
:KronosSB: H-how… how dare you come here and… and… insult my family like this!?
:BriannahSB: …insult? I’m simply speaking the truth.
:KronosSB: Truth!? I know he was a bit sneaky and brutal, but rotten!? He was a hero! There was nothing rotten about him! Why, how would you feel if I started calling your father rotten!? That your father deserved to be turned into… I don’t know, a chair or a rug or something!?
:BriannahSB: Why, I would feel insulted, wouldn’t I? But I would still listen to your argument. If you could actually prove that ‘e was rotten, then I’d be wrong to be inspired by ‘im, eh?
:KronosSB: … …fine, then tell me why you think he was rotten. I never witnessed his heroic deeds myself so it’s… possible that’s something might be amiss.

:BriannahSB: Then let me show yah some proof. ‘ave you visited ‘im recently?
:KronosSB: …It’s been a while, but sure?
:BriannahSB: Including going down in the mausoleum or wherever ye family is buried?
:KronosSB: Um… well, I’m not actually allowed to go down that far, but… there’s a family gravestone right outside the crypt that we generally use…
:BriannahSB: Heh, of course yah’re not allowed… if yah did venture into those catacombs of death and decay yah would notice that something was missing.
:KronosSB: …you’re not talking about my brothers grave, are you?
:BriannahSB: Ye brothers ashes and ‘is belongings aren’t down there. In fact, ‘e was never burned, as far as I ‘now… instead buried in an unmarked grave in the middle of nowhere.
:KronosSB: …this is starting to sound a lot like bullshit…
:BriannahSB: Then ‘ow about ye gun? Aren’t all the belongings the person dies with supposed to be buried with the ashes? Why do yah ‘ave it?
:KronosSB: Err… that’s actually… um… now that I think about it, that is kind of weird…

:KronosSB: But why isn’t he down there? What did he do?
:BriannahSB: That, I cannot tell yah.
:KronosSB: You don’t know?
:BriannahSB: Oh, I do, but it’s all ‘ush, ‘ush. In fact, I’m pretty sure it would be t-treason if I did spill it… and I rather ‘ave my ‘ead were it is, thank yah very much. I’ve been c-close to being executed once already. I would advise yah to talk to ye f-father, but I don’t think ‘e will spill it either. Maybe yah need to find this information on y-ye own?
:KronosSB: …so… that’s it? You can’t tell me… say, if he slaughtered the noncombatants himself or if he ordered his troops to do it?
:BriannahSB: That’s not- heh, nice try, but I w-won’t tell.
:KronosSB: At least I know it wasn’t about killing noncombatants.

:KronosSB: *Sigh* ...so… I’m guessing you and my brother… you had feeling for each other’s?
:BriannahSB: No.
:KronosSB: Oh, that’s a relief…
:BriannahSB: It was one sided. I was young and naïve… while ‘e was interested in something else.
:KronosSB: …so he seduced you for information?
:BriannahSB: …t-that’s… part of it, yes.
:KronosSB: …well, I don’t know if I should believe you or not anymore…
:BriannahSB: Don’t b-believe me. Find the f-facts and believe them.


:KronosSB: Hmm… so… that thing you said about me? Me being rotten on the outside? You mean that I’m spoiled and sheltered, right, and not that I’m… err… ugly?
:BriannahSB: …Yah’re more concerned about ye looks then ‘ow others see yah?
:KronosSB: That’s not-
:BriannahSB: Yah’re kind of cute, if that’s answers ye question.
:KronosSB: …right, that’s… err… great… but… just so you know… I’m not trying to deceive you. In fact, I’m kind of terrified of you so I probably wouldn’t dare too… but… I guess I would say the same thing if I was trying to deceive you so… you’re just going to find out if I’m deceiving you or not.
:BriannahSB: …yah do sound a lot like a deceiver, don’t yah, eh?
:KronosSB: And you sound a lot like… well, manipulator might be the wrong term, but you’re playing some kind of game with me.
:BriannahSB: I’m just teasing, eh?

:KronosSB: So… what happen after the general died? Was it a large setback?
:BriannahSB: Considering yah turned the whole war on us, yes.
:KronosSB: Wait, we turned the war because of one dead general?
:BriannahSB: Five of them, actually, and a lot of other high ranking officers. Yah pretty much took out most of our command in that attack… and a lot of other important things, too. ‘e knew where to strike us and when we were as weakest.
:KronosSB: So, no matter what else he did, my brother is the reason why we’re even still a kingdom?
:BriannahSB: …oh, no, yah would probably ‘ave fought back anyway, it just wouldn’t ‘ave ended as soon as it did without that engagement.
>>
No. 655416 ID: 334db2

Is she tearing up?

>Yah’re more concerned about ye looks then ‘ow others see yah?
The latter is kind of an inevitability. Last born. Piece in someone else's game. Least I can do is look good while doing it, ha ha.
> I’m just teasing, eh?
That's a strange thing to call a defense mechanism.

OOohhh, big secrets. I'll bet it was a magic thing. Few other means can be left unjustified. We should visit the mausoleum, though. Visiting mother might do some good.
>>
No. 655417 ID: e6fcea

>Don’t b-believe me. Find the f-facts and believe them.
In due time, you will. You must.

>…Yah’re more concerned about ye looks then ‘ow others see yah?
Not like 'vanity' would be much of a sin next to the rest of of your negative reputation. Not like you can do much about what people, or Briannah in particular, thinks about you considering...

>…yah do sound a lot like a deceiver, don’t yah, eh?
No matter what you say, Briannah could see you as a deciever. Once bitten, twice shy, and all that. You and your brother being so similiar in some ways likely doesn't help there.

I think this is as good as any time to drop the topic for the time being. She looks like she would prefer to be anywhere but here right now, and these are not memories fit to be remembered for the present circumstances. You've had your answers, now the least you can do is offer her the choice of what to speak about next or if silence is prefered for the remainder of the banquet.

You've pressured Briannah for answers enough for the time being, princeling. The next one you want answers from would have to be your father. Preferably after this event.
>>
No. 655419 ID: e114bc

>>655403
So he saved lives. But at what cost? What else did he do... I think the first place to start looking is accounts of his actions. Look for things that don't quite add up. Gaps in time, movements that were impossible, clear exaggerations and propaganda.

Anyway let's shift the topic to something less heavy. How's the food?
>>
No. 655433 ID: 1cebc8

Still, it looks like your brother knew what he was doing. Little wonder they called him a hero, he planned a suicide assault on the central core of the entire Sakkilian army and carried it out himself. That took guts, rotten or constipated notwithstanding.

Still, that leaves both your kingdoms ripe for the pillaging. Whatever happened to the old Empire, anyway?
>>
No. 655434 ID: 9ddf68

...think you could sneak into the catacombs? I mean you've been able to move around the castle undetected before and it would probably be easier to do it tonight before you have a bodyguard following you around every second of the day... might have to try and ditch the one you got now though.

Anyways SHUT UP, and finish your meal before you make a scene.
>>
No. 655568 ID: ea0ad9

I think we should jump away from this type conversation Thank her for... Telling her side of things, and apologize for bringing up bad memories. Kind of got a little overboard, there. No more questions about family, not tonight.
>>
No. 655669 ID: 65a774
File 143680331628.png - (28.95KB , 684x524 , 53.png )
655669

>OOohhh, big secrets. I'll bet it was a magic thing. Few other means can be left unjustified.
Hmm… using forbidden magic, regicide, betraying your country… a lot of things comes to mind which would justify something like this.
>Whatever happened to the old Empire, anyway?
In the stories and myth that are left of them, they always ended up growing bold and started using some kind of old forgotten, forbidden arcane art. Sometimes its necromancy and they are destroyed by the very undead army they’d created… other times its demonology and they unleash… um… something horrible on the world. You’ve also heard that they simply went too far in one of the elemental arts and were consumed an earthquake / tsunami / tornadoes / a rain of fire or some such… You’ve even read that they supposedly summoned the gods themselves to the mortal realm to consume their flesh in a vain attempt to gain immortality. Either way, it safe to say that whatever happened to them in the end is shrouded in myth and legends today.

>We should visit the mausoleum, though. Visiting mother might do some good.
You’re not allowed to enter the crypt itself but…
>...think you could sneak into the catacombs?
The old lock on it wouldn’t be a problem to open… and the only guards around patrol the whole palace garden. It wouldn’t be that hard sneaking in.

>The next one you want answers from would have to be your father. Preferably after this event.
Briannah might be correct, in that you’ll have trouble getting a straight answer from him… but it’s worth a try, you guess.
>I think the first place to start looking is accounts of his actions. Look for things that don't quite add up. Gaps in time, movements that were impossible, clear exaggerations and propaganda.
There should be information in the library… if anything, you might need to ask the head librarian about it.
>Is she tearing up?
She’s… … …I think you saw her lips quiver a bit when she talked about your brother but… it seems she’s regained her composure.


>Little wonder they called him a hero, he planned a suicide assault on the central core of the entire Sakkilian army and carried it out himself.
:BriannahSB: I don’t think ‘e expected it to be a suicide mission… in fact, I believe ‘e thought ‘e ‘ad already taken care of most of the guard stationed there with other means, but it seems someone ‘ad messed up ‘e’s plan.
:KronosSB: Either way… thank you for sharing this with me… and forgive me for bringing up such… painful memories.
:BriannahSB: Do not mention it.
:KronosSB: I guess this would be a good time talking about something else.
:BriannahSB: Indeed…
:KronosSB: So… um… err… how’s the… food?
:BriannahSB: …it’s good… I guess… the wine a bit to bitter for my taste… and a bit to red too…



The night carries on and you finish your meal eventually. As the dishes are carried out you’re introduced to several important Sakkilian, whom greet you with everything from true enthusiasm to trying to kill you with their mind. In the end, you’re left alone with your soon to be wife as the night starts to draw to its close.

:KronosSB: -him, “which side are you on, anyway?” and he said, “I’m but your humbly servant, sir.”
:BriannahSB: Heh… ‘im? ‘umble? My arse…
:KronosSB: That what I said to which he replied, “I have to disagree, sir. I’ve heard from your behind many times and it’s not humble at the slightest. In fact, I would recommend that you stopped talking through it all the time, sir.”
:BriannahSB: Hah! Well, as far as I ‘now, ‘e’s not so far of the mark. I ‘ave to say, personally, I would never tolerate a servant that talked that way with me.
:KronosSB: Well, I guess I’ve never really liked yes men of any kind. Rather have someone that tells me I’m an idiot instead of just lying about it.
:BriannahSB: Hmm… I guess that should be useful… oh, it’s getting late, eh? I need to visit the library before we ‘op into bed. See in a bit, my prince?
:KronosSB: Hmm…

As she said, it’s getting late… you might want to plan what to do next, as you won’t have time to everything today. Should you visit the library and try to find information about your brother there? Or talk to your poppa about it? …or maybe, you should just cut to the chase and sneak into the crypt yourself as your bound to find something interesting in there.
>>
No. 655673 ID: 1bbd48

Maybe you should check the crypt first. You may get some new information before confronting your father.
>>
No. 655683 ID: 334db2

>using forbidden magic, regicide, betraying your country… a lot of things comes to mind which would justify something like this.
All of that would be met with condemnation, not fear. What could he do that is so horrible that both sides would try to bury it instead of seek moral high ground over the other? There might be a lingering danger from whatever he did, and that's why this alliance is being pushed through; the warring nations to the south is just a flimsy excuse.

Visiting graves in the middle of the night is sketchy, and people will know you're up to something. Make some excuses to go later.
>>
No. 655691 ID: ea0ad9

Let's check the crypt first. Father might worry you'll try to sneak in if you talk to him first, better to have already done so than worry about increased guard.
>>
No. 655715 ID: 1cebc8

Library for research on traps and clue markers, then the crypt. Talking to your father might make him suspicious.
>>
No. 655739 ID: 9ddf68

hit the crypt first, we can hit the library in the morning, and after we get some answers or at least know what questions to ask we can talk to dear old pa... also we're probably going to have to try and lose the assassin your future wife has following us first. To do so go to a room with windows and an easy to clim exterior. Enter room close the door so he can't sneak in as easily, and in that brief window of time hope out the window and quickly clime down. Then B line it straight to the catacomb. And if you're caught just say the day has brought up some old memories and you wished to see/speak to your mother. Also while you're down there maybe actually find your mother as well.
>>
No. 655861 ID: 65a774
File 143689693285.png - (23.51KB , 684x524 , 54.png )
655861

>What could he do that is so horrible that both sides would try to bury it instead of seek moral high ground over the other? There might be a lingering danger from whatever he did, and that's why this alliance is being pushed through; the warring nation to the south is just a flimsy excuse.
But what would be so horrible to force something like this? Did he find the undead armies of the old empire? The demon they’d bound deep in the bowls of the ruined old capital? The power of the slain gods? This is starting to get intriguing… or maybe your imagination is just running wild.

>Father might worry you'll try to sneak in if you talk to him first, better to have already done so than worry about increased guard.
Knowing your father, he’ll ground you if he’s even suspecting that you’ll do something like this.
>Library for research on traps and clue markers
It’s a crypt, not some kind of ancient temple… though, you’ve heard rumors that it’s supposedly built on the ruins of an catacomb from the old empire… of course, even if that was true, you have no reason to venture that far down.
>We can hit the library in the morning, and after we get some answers or at least know what questions to ask we can talk to dear old pa.
That sounds like a sound plan!

>Maybe you should check the crypt first.
You’ve decided to venture down into the catacombs below the palace first in an attempt to find the truth about your brother. First, you need to prepare. You venture back to your room and get a lantern as well as the lock picks Cain got you. You’ve no idea how he actually got his hand on these, but you’re grateful he gave them to you regardless.
>We're probably going to have to try and lose the assassin your future wife has following us first.
Is he even still following you? Didn’t Briannah call him off? And even if he’s following you he’s going to report this to her and not your father. You’re pretty sure Briannah won’t tell him about this if she knew about it… but still, just to be on the safe side…

>To do so go to a room with windows and an easy to climb exterior.
You quietly enter one of the second floor rooms that are overlooking the palace garden, lock the door behind you and then proceed to climb out one of the windows, one where a tree would block the sight of any guard outside. Keeping to the shadows, you easily make your way to the crypt without being seen and start fiddling with the bared gate. As luck would have it, the old lock did not offer any challenge to you, meaning the stairs into the crypt stand open for to you.

To easy…
>>
No. 655862 ID: 65a774
File 143689694525.png - (78.20KB , 684x524 , 55.png )
655862

Descending the first flight of stair down into the depth below, you emerge into a large hall decorated with decorative carving along its walls. Around you, six different corridors stretches out into the darkness and you realize you have no idea how the layout of this place looks like. Luckily, it shouldn’t be too big, right? The carving on the floor right in front of the entrance catches your eye, a carving symbolizing the gods and the balance between them, as there seems to be some kind of sign explaining where each corridor leads, even though you can’t understand what exactly it symbolize.
>>
No. 655863 ID: 334db2

>Luckily, it shouldn’t be too big, right?
Are you kidding? This place consists of Two crypts hiding at least one dark secret. I hope you brought a tent.

Wipe off the moss. It looks like the four elemental roots, plus life and death. That blue symbol is just like the one on the side of your gun... I wonder what happens when a gun is charged with elemental life or death?

I suppose death would take you to the actual catacombs, but I'm not familiar with your culture's symbolism regarding the elements. Or which way the entrance was.
>>
No. 655864 ID: 9ddf68

alright top right symbol is water, the one below that is air, on the top left is earth and below that is fire. Guessing the top one means life and the very bottom one is death. Which way did you come from? because I'm guessing the dead would be buried in the death hall... unless vark rituals for burring the dead would say otherwise.
>>
No. 655882 ID: ea0ad9

>The carving on the floor right in front of the entrance catches your eye, a carving symbolizing the gods and the balance between them
Well, your brother's gun was water, so unless he had something else to be postitioned in the crypt by, I'd guess he would be buried down that cooridor.
>>
No. 655883 ID: ea0ad9

>>655882
Actually, come to think of it, all of the runes except for the Life one have moss growing on them. Seems somebody's been to the Life corridor.
>>
No. 655909 ID: 1cebc8

>>655883
That's... kind of ironic.

Make sure that you have a pencil and paper for drawing maps.
>>
No. 655972 ID: 825af6

Before you take another step crouch down and look for footprints in the dust to and from the entrance. If nobody is supposed to be down here other than to inter the remains of members of the royal family then any footprints should lead in the direction of where the royal tombs are and your brother's ashes should be.

>Luckily, it shouldn’t be too big, right?
Well, it most likely won't be wider than the palace grounds, since any tunnels that may have gone beyond the palace walls would have been collapsed or filled in for security reasons long ago. That's still pretty big, and if the passages branch, twist and intersect it'll be even harder to search. And that doesn't even get into possible floors beneath this one or routes back up into the palace. You can make a sure bet there's hidden routes down here from up there, for the very least as escape routes.

Remember to check the floor at every intersection and periodically along the corridors for footprints in the dust. Maybe you'll pick up on those of somebody using a secret entrance into the palace.

You should not go any farther without first getting at least a piece of chalk or something else to mark the way you've taken, and preferably also compass and paper and pencil or pen as well. A arrow pointing the way you were walking marked on the right hand wall at the entrance and exit of every corridor you traverse will hopefully keep you from getting lost down here. And stick to the right hand wall and make right turns.

Also, do you know what kind of tomb your brother's remains would be interred in? 'Cause that'll determine what kind of tools you're going to need to pop it without leaving marks. And if it's something like a sarcophagus with a heavy stone lid you're not going to be able to budge that even with a crowbar.

Can you identify what all the glyphs and symbols carved into the floor represent? The one at the 2 'o clock position looks like the ice rune on your brother's pistol, although the rune had an additional line. So that's the glyph of elemental water, and opposite it is the glyph of elemental fire. The white glyph at 4 'o clock is the one of air, and opposite the one of earth. So what're the glyphs at the 12 and 6 'o clock positions? 12 'o clock is the glyph of life or light, and the opposite the one of death or darkness? Move the moss on the 6 'o clock one to check, but put the moss back after; You don't want to leave indications you've been down here. And are the nested dashed line circles around the 12 'o clock position glyph supposed to be there? And also look closer at it to figure out if somebody has removed Also take a closer look at the eyes of the 6 'o clock position symbol. Are they just shallow black indentations or are they deeper holes?

There's six symbols of the gods carved into the floor, but Risavians, your people, worship only the Five. So which one is the odd god out? The one of death?

At first you'd guess that the glyph of death would be the direction the crypts are, but then again isn't this entire level crypts? So which symbol would point towards the royal tombs?

How much do you remember of your people's funeral customs as well as royal funeral customs? Is the body stripped before cremation or are the clothes burned with the body? What do you remember of your brother's funeral? Anything odd about how it was handled? Think about how it could have been faked. Just how hard would it be to do your brother's funeral rites if his body wasn't available? How many people would have had to have been in on it? They'd have to have a urn with ashes for the funeral; It'd be too hard to cover up otherwise. When and where is the body cremated? Could they have slipped in another Vark's body in place of your brother's? Or just filled a urn with ashes from a fireplace? And how hard would it have been to get items that would match belongings your brother would have had on him to use in the deception?

With your knowledge of arcane firearms would you consider what Briannah said about her losing her eye and hand to your brother's gun plausible? Would one shot have done enough damage to her hand to warrant amputation? And how could she have just lost her eye without sustaining serious or fatal brain damage as well?

Thinking on how your could have your brother's pistol, would it be possible it wasn't on him when he died? That he left it at the encampment? But that pistol was his pride and joy. He wouldn't have gone into battle without it at his side unless he had a damn good reason to leave it behind. So what could been that reason? That he had a plan where his sidearm would be destroyed or lost? Or that he had another pistol he had to use for the plan? Or there's the possibility that his pistol was knocked from his hand in the battle, somehow didn't get put with his body and was recovered later. Also, who gave you your brother's pistol and how long after his death was it?

>But what would be so horrible to force something like this?
Well, what about forbidden magics? What magics are they? Necromancy for sure, but what else is prohibited? Hm... Could he have had a gun made that used a rune of forbidden magic? Like a gun that used a rune of death? What would even be the effect of such a firearm?

>Knowing your father, he’ll ground you if he’s even suspecting that you’ll do something like this.
...Seriously? As old as you are he'll pull that? ...Has he done that before, hasn't he? Just what did it entail? And you let him do it? You're bloody twenty-three years old! ...Gods above, if you're ever to get your dignity back you have to move out of the palace and from under your father's thumb.

>You’ve no idea how he actually got his hand on these, but you’re grateful he gave them to you regardless.
How much do you know about Cain from before he became your... Butler? Right hand man? Well, whatever his title is, how much do you know about him? And how did he come to be in your employ? Who introduced him to you? ...Actually, who employs him? On who's payroll is he? Yours, your father's, or someone else's?

>Is he even still following you? Didn’t Briannah call him off?
Are you sure of that? 'Cause she said that next time she put Doxan on your tail she'd tell you and you'd have your say in the matter, but she didn't explicitly call him off this time, did she? ...Actually, in this situation you wouldn't mind if he was shadowing you, 'cause if something did go wrong down here then he could aid you or go for help.
>>
No. 655975 ID: a4b2f6

>>655883
Nice catch

also, agree with
>>655864
where did you enter, is there any symbolism?
>>
No. 656040 ID: 65a774
File 143696403707.png - (81.23KB , 684x524 , 56.png )
656040

>With your knowledge of arcane firearms would you consider what Briannah said about her losing her eye and hand to your brother's gun plausible?
Taking a direct hit to her face wouldn’t leave a lot of it left, but if she tried to protect it with her hand it’s plausible. The main shard would have frozen and shattered her hand which, if it was right on front of her face, would have shoot a bundle of sharp pieces of ice right into it, scarring her and damaging her eye like that. At least, you think that’s plausible.
>Thinking on how you could have your brother's pistol, would it be possible it wasn't on him when he died?
All you know is that they said he died with it in hand… and for some reason you don’t think he would attack a well-fortified fort without his gun. Besides, didn’t Briannah say she saw it when he attacked them?
>Who gave you your brother's pistol and how long after his death was it?
Your father did, about a week after the fact. He gave it to you as he explained what happened.

>Well, what about forbidden magics? What magics are they? Necromancy for sure, but what else is prohibited?
Let’s see… you know that necromancy and any kind of demonomancy is forbidden… as well as anything to extreme using the know elements of fire, water, air, earth and life. There’s also a law against using anything that manipulate souls, minds or bodies.
>How much do you know about Cain from before he became your... Butler? Right hand man?
Cain was an orphan that was picked up by the palace staff at the start of the war, which means you grew up with him. Being the only other person nearby your own age, he was pretty much your best friend growing up. He became your official manservant when you two became teenagers and you’ve made sure he’s been paid well ever since, even taking coin from your own stipend.


>You should not go any farther without first getting at least a piece of chalk or something else to mark the way you've taken, and preferably also compass and paper and pencil or pen as well.
You should really have thought about that before venturing down here… damn your impulsiveness! You quickly run back to the palace and snatch up a piece of paper, a pen, some chalk and a compass that you hope works. Hopefully no one suspected something was wrong and followed you back to the crypt.
> Also, do you know what kind of tomb your brother's remains would be interred in?
Some kind of urn, as all Risavians is burned upon death in the holy fire. Of course, you’re looking for the urn itself, not the ashes it contains. If Briannah is correct, there shouldn’t be an urn at all down here.

>Before you take another step crouch down and look for footprints in the dust to and from the entrance.
…you can’t really make out anything on the floor save for the abundance of moss, fungus and all kinds of mildews.
>Remember to check the floor at every intersection and periodically along the corridors for footprints in the dust.
You’ll remember to keep an eye on the floor in case there’s some kind of clue there.
>Alright top right symbol is water, the one below that is air, on the top left is earth and below that is fire.
That means that the fifth symbol is life… and those five runes do correspond to the correct colors of magic.
>That blue symbol is just like the one on the side of your gun.
It’s the symbol of water. Modify it a bit and it becomes a symbol of ice, which your gun is enchanted with.
>Where did you enter, is there any symbolism?
The stairs are located between the corridors with the symbols of life and water. You guess those two are the thing closes to the world outside the crypt, what with water being seen as life giving and life… well, life is life?
>There's six symbols of the gods carved into the floor, but Risavians, your people, worship only the Five.
…that is odd… you didn’t notice it at first, but why is there six symbols here? There should only be five.
>Wipe off the moss.
Under it, there is some kind of weird rune with a color you’ve never seen associated with magic before. Going by the skull like carving, you’re going to guess it has something to do with death… but why is it with the other symbols of the gods?

>At first you'd guess that the glyph of death would be the direction the crypts are, but then again isn't this entire level crypts?
Indeed, the whole crypt should be filled with urns… and you’re still not sure if that symbol even means death. Whatever it is, you have a strange feeling that it’s not supposed to be here at all.
>Unless vark rituals for burying the dead would say otherwise.
Well, you do not bury but cremate.
>So which symbol would point towards the royal tombs?
Honestly, you have no idea. You’re trying to remember if you’ve read something about this, but you’re drawing a blank.
>All of the runes except for the Life one have moss growing on them. Seems somebody's been to the Life corridor.
Even if someone has been using that corridor, why would they remove the moss from the floor? …actually, when you’re looking closer, you notice that the moss haven’t been removed so much at it refuses to grow right around the symbol itself. Odd, really…

>Take a closer look at the eyes of the 6 'o clock position symbol. Are they just shallow black indentations or are they deeper holes?
The “eyes” seem to be two deep, dark holes that seem to go on forever. While peering into them, you swear you can a faint light emitting from them… as well as hearing a faint whisper coming from the halls around you. Looking around you, you swear you see moments in the corner of your eyes, but when you turn there’s only shadows dancing to the moments of your lantern. This place is starting to play tricks on your mind.
>>
No. 656041 ID: df6309

Ibf you are your resurrected brother DUN DUN DUUUUUN.
Also what's your brothers' name?
>>
No. 656043 ID: fbc59e

>playing tricks with mind.
Uh-oh.
Okay...Urns, and cremation? Seems to me that if there's a corridor between the weird sixth symbol and the fire symbol that might be a place to look.
Another thought is this: Which god rules over the rest, if any of them do? If there's a particular elemental association with ruling, that's the place to look.
>>
No. 656044 ID: bd8b82

simple, there are 6 gods but you only worship five of them.

if i was the sixth god i would be pissed that everyone refuses to worship me.
>>
No. 656053 ID: 65a774
File 143697607898.png - (77.10KB , 684x524 , 57.png )
656053

>You are your resurrected brother DUN DUN DUUUUUN.
Now that’s just silly…
>What's your brothers' name?
You have two brothers; the eldest one is called Keras while the one that died in the war was named Krotos.

>simple, there are 6 gods but you only worship five of them.
You’ve never even heard about this so called sixth god… maybe it was worshiped in the ancient empire? Hmm… either way, you’re pretty sure someone would have found this mural and started asking questions before you. It wasn’t really hidden at all.
>if I was the sixth god I would be pissed that everyone refuses to worship me.
That’s ominous…

>Urns, and cremation? Seems to me that if there's a corridor between the weird sixth symbol and the fire symbol that might be a place to look.
There isn’t a corridor between fire and the weird symbol… there’s one corridor for each symbol and the stairs upwards. That means either the one marked with a fire symbol or the weird symbol might be the correct corridor.
>Which god rules over the rest, if any of them do?
That would be Illasia, the goddess of life, light, nature and fertility… so the life symbol in this case.
>If there's a particular elemental association with ruling, that's the place to look.
Hmm... it seems you have tree options that sounds plausible. Either it at the end of the corridor marked with fire, because of the holy cleansing flame that consume us when we die, or it can be down the corridor of life, as that’s the symbol of the head goddess. Lastly, it can be down the weird symbol corridor, as it supposedly symbolizes death. Hmm… Maybe you should just walk down all of them and see where they le-

*Crck*

…You swear you just heard someone walking around down here…
>>
No. 656055 ID: 334db2

That 'death' symbol just lit up. Ready your weapons and hide, now.
>>
No. 656069 ID: bd8b82

watch out for skeletons, don't get spooked.
>>
No. 656073 ID: e114bc

>>656053
Which direction? Ready your weapon, get to cover that you can see that intersection from.
>>
No. 656076 ID: 9ddf68

>You swear you just heard someone walking around down here
and this is why you always carry a gun with you. speaking of which, I know you left your brother's gun with the castle's gun smith to be taken care of after the oaf nearly destroyed it trying to load it. What does the gun you brought with you do or is more or less the same?

Oh and if you don't see anyone/thing I say try fire first , then life, and end with death.
>>
No. 656086 ID: dbe554

Is there anywhere you could hide, or sneak around to.
>>
No. 656087 ID: 65a774
File 143698818928.png - (56.39KB , 684x524 , 58.png )
656087

>Which direction?
You have no idea. This place seems to distort all the sounds that happens.
>That 'death' symbol just lit up.
That can’t be good…

>Ready your weapons and hide, now.
You draw your new ice gun and hide in the shadows of the fire corridor, leaving the lantern in the main chamber to illuminate any aggressors.
>watch out for skeletons, don't get spooked.
As you’re watching for whatever kind of spectral beast is roaming this crypt you can’t help to start shaking. If this thing attacks you now your aim will definitely be off.
>What does the gun you brought with you do or is more or less the same?
It’s another ice gun, so it’s basically the same, just not as good quality. You’ve always preferred ice guns, as they are more versatile then the other elemental types.




As you keep watch, you are sure you start hearing whispering… moaning… someone speaking a language long forgotten and mentioning you by name… Several times you almost press the trigger when you think you spot some kind of moment down one of the corridor or when one of the shadows in the room start moving erratically, but in the end… nothing happens.

Maybe it was all in your head?
>>
No. 656088 ID: 65a774
File 143698820267.png - (55.37KB , 684x524 , 59.png )
656088

>Oh and if you don't see anyone/thing I say try fire first.
You decide to keep moving and get this done with as soon as possible. Picking up the lantern again, you make your way deeper into corridor fire, finding in the end a large room containing several urns… one, standing alone in the central part of the room, is your mothers. This is the right crypt.

…somewhere in the distant, an urn shatters against the hard stone floor, echoing its destruction all throughout the catacombs… or was it something else? You’re not sure you can trust your eyes and ears down here any longer.
>>
No. 656090 ID: 334db2

Don't desecrate any graves, but read everything you can. What are those urns on either side?

Ask mother for guidance and courage, because you have some investigating to do. Is the voice familiar?
>>
No. 656094 ID: 9ddf68

just keep looking over your shoulder to make sure no one is coming up behind you. Well since you're here, may as well say a few words to your mother before you head off to see where your brother's urn might be.
>>
No. 656099 ID: 7dc3ab

2spooky4you eh, well how about you this. Trust in your gun and steady your hand, have good reflexes and you shall be fine.
>>
No. 656100 ID: e114bc

>>656088
Do what you came here to do. Look around to see if your brother's is here. It's not, is it?

Afterwards, go check out the unknown corridor.
>>
No. 656110 ID: ea0ad9

Hmm. The green urns have a V and a slash over a line, while the white one, your mother's, is upside-down. Those blue ones have a V, a slash, then a dot. Any signifigance to that?

Your brother, having been a hero, ought to have had his urn placed here, but it doesn't seem to be. If Briannah is to believed as much as that he betrayed order and broke some major international lies, but not that he was buried in the middle of nowhere, then perhaps he would be down one of the other areas. Life would be out of the question, but which element is aligned most closely with darkness or betrayal? I would guess earth, since it blocks out light and sound, but that "Death" hallway still sounds plausible. ...Since you didn't hear the noises until looking into the eyes of "Death," maybe that's where the sounds originated from and you just didn't notice them until you focused. You should probably investigate before something sneaks up on you. Probably just some sort of rat or something, but better to learn that through investigation than be given a heart attack due to not knowing for sure.
>>
No. 656136 ID: 825af6

You've read enough stories to figure what you're facing down here are ghosts or spirits, which means they can't physically effect you. The most they can do is moan and groan and screw with your senses to try and get you to freak out or harm yourself or others. Knowing that you know they can't hurt you unless you react the way they want. So holster your gun before you end up firing at shadows and get your composure back. Take a few deep calming breaths, wipe your brow and smooth your feathers.

Also, applying a bit of logic, if the ghosts or whatever down here could knock over urns they they'd surely be secured to prevent that kind of thing, otherwise nearly every urn down here would be broken. That means what you heard was probably from a ghost and can be safely ignored.

Start reading the name plaques on the pedestals adjacent. It's probable that each pair of urns is that of a previous king and queen, meaning the empty position next to your mother's urn is reserved for your father. Reading the plaques should confirm this. Then go on to the shelves behind each pedestal. It's likely that they're for the urns of close relatives to the king and queen on the pedestal; Brothers and sisters, sons and daughters. If you determine that that is the case, and there's no urn for your brother, then you can be reasonably sure that his remains did not make it back, but that's all you can say; Whether they're actually buried like Briannah said, you don't know. However, if the urns on the shelves are not for close royal relatives then you'll have to continue searching down here for wherever those urns are before you can be sure your brother's isn't here.

Aren't the last belongings of the dead supposed to be here as well, or is it that they're cremated along with the body? I wasn't sure on that.

As long as you're here, pay your respects to your mother. It's been awhile since you've done so, so make it good. Just don't air everything that's been bothering you 'cause you don't have that much time.

Lingering ghosts down here may also explain why the crypt is kept off-limits even to members of the royal family like you who would like to pay respects to their late relatives. They probably don't want the knowledge of this getting out. So at the least your father and the court chaplain or whoever it is that places the urn and plaque down here would know.

Do you know when and why the practice of cremating the dead started in these lands? And is everyone within Risavia required to be cremated after death, even if they do not worship the Five? 'Cause a strong custom in these lands of cremating the dead may point to there having been problems with necromancy in the past. Things like angry spirits or stray necromantic magic infesting corpses would be good reason to burn the dead, denying them a vessel.

You think it's possible your father gave you a forgery of Krotos' pistol with the intention that it'd be a comfort to you in your time of grief? Maybe he got another pistol of the same design, made around the same time by the same gunsmith as your brother's pistol and had it modified to match.

How much older than you was Krotos? And what about your other siblings and your father?

Considering how mind screwy the ghosts may get down here, you should hold off on investigating the death rune corridor since it's likely where they're most strongly concentrated and instead see what's up the life rune one. You wonder why that rune was the only spot not covered with moss and such when you'd expect all kinds of things to be growing on and around a life rune.

Also, just how humid is it down here? It'd have to be quite humid to grow as much moss, fungus and mildew as you saw, so if it's not that humid then something is off.

When you leave, don't forget to check your compass regularly and mark the walls as you go to lower the chance that ghosts get you turned around and lost.
>>
No. 656151 ID: 65a774
File 143700537501.png - (27.60KB , 684x524 , 60.png )
656151

>You've read enough stories to figure what you're facing down here are ghosts or spirits, which means they can't physically affect you.
Just not stories, but fact as well. Thinking back at your magical theory studies, you remember learning about ghosts and spirits. Anywhere where there is a lot of freed life energy, that is to say dead things, there will be born different kind of corporeal beings. Most of them harmless, but some do gain some of the lingering emotions from the dead. Seeing as this is a crypt, there’s bound to be a lot of magical energy down here emanating from the remains, ashes or not.
>So holster your gun before you end up firing at shadows and get your composure back. Take a few deep calming breaths, wipe your brow and smooth your feathers.
They shouldn’t be able to harm you… you know they can’t harm you. They are harmless…
>Just keep looking over your shoulder to make sure no one is coming up behind you.
…unless they find a dead body to inhabit, creating an undead monstrosity… you better keep your hand on your gun just in case.

>The runes on the urns, any significance to that?
It seems to be a symbol marking the current linage, though you might be mistaken.
>What are those urns on either side?
While you don’t recognize the names on the blue ones, the green ones belong to your grandfather and grandmother, the former king and queen. That probably means that all the urns on the altars are those of king and queens.
>Meaning the empty position next to your mother's urn is reserved for your father.
That would be the case, yes.
>Then go on to the shelves behind each pedestal. It's likely that they're for the urns of close relatives to the king and queen on the pedestal; Brothers and sisters, sons and daughters.
Going by the pattern from the other shelfs, you’re going to guess that the lowest one is reserved for the children of the monarchy. Of course, if that’s the case, then your brother’s urn isn’t here. That’s odd; there are only two pre-marked spots here. Sure, you guess that your sister won’t be standing here as she’ll become queen, but you have two brothers, don’t you? Did they remove your brother’s mark after he died?
>Ask mother for guidance and courage.
You give of a quick prayer in front of your mother’s urn, asking for her aid and wisdom. You can feel warmth envelop you and your heartbeat slow down considerably.

>Just how humid is it down here? It'd have to be quite humid to grow as much moss, fungus and mildew as you saw, so if it's not that humid then something is off.
It’s humid enough for moss to grow, that you’re pretty sure of.
>You think it's possible your father gave you a forgery of Krotos' pistol with the intention that it'd be a comfort to you in your time of grief?
It’s possible. Heck, even if it wasn’t exactly like your brothers gun you wouldn’t notice. You didn’t really see it a lot up close before he went to battle with it.
>How much older than you was Krotos? And what about your other siblings and your father?
Krotos should have been 26 this year, so he’s 3 years older than you. Your oldest brother is 27 while your sister is 25 and your father will be 50 in just a few weeks.
>Aren't the last belongings of the dead supposed to be here as well, or is it that they're cremated along with the body?
They are cremated with the body, so they are probably in the urn with them. How else should the dead be able to bring it with them to the celestial palace?
>Do you know when and why the practice of cremating the dead started in these lands?
You’re pretty sure they’ve done it for ages.
>Because a strong custom in these lands of cremating the dead may point to their having been problems with necromancy in the past.
Necromancy nothing. You know for a fact that all nations do something like this to make sure the dead doesn’t rise again, as they will if you just let the bodies rot. Of course, how they do it is vastly different between cultures.


>When you leave, don't forget to check your compass regularly and mark the walls as you go to lower the chance that ghosts get you turned around and lost.
There was only one straight corridor. Sure, it was rather long, or at least felt like it was long, but it’s still just a straight line. Of course, you better keep an eye on the compass just in case.
>Afterwards, go check out the unknown corridor.
You venture down into the corridor marked with what you believe is the symbol of death and is met with a… brick wall? While the bricks blocking the way forward is not of the same kind that the crypt is built of, they seems to be equally ancient. What a letdown…
>See what's up the life rune one.
You decide to go into the corridor of life, but halfway through your stopped by a rather sturdy door. It’s locked, and you’re pretty certain this lock is beyond your limit as a “locksmith”, even if the lock is still functional after all these years.

>...Since you didn't hear the noises until looking into the eyes of "Death," maybe that's where the sounds originated from and you just didn't notice them until you focused.
Thinking back, you’re getting more and more sure you saw… something inside those hollow eyes.
>Probably just some sort of rat or something...
Y-yeah, it was probably just a rat… or a bat… or something like that. No need t-

You hear a loud crash, as if someone just threw a barrel full of bricks to the ground, followed by a laud roar and the grating sound of something sharp being dragged across stone. You absolutely certain that noise came from right behind you, from the corridor marked with death… the one with the brick wall blocking the way… you’re lucky you went to the bathroom before heading down here.
>>
No. 656153 ID: 334db2

...What else do you know about undead monstrosities? y'know, just in case.

Don't worry. You're armed and whatever's banging on that wall hasn't made any progress for as long as it's been there, you'll be fine. Check the earth tunnel, keep your eye out for a key for this door.
>>
No. 656155 ID: 1cebc8

>>656151
You think they intentionally left your brother in a coffin so that he'd rise again as an undead?

Aim for the legs.
>>
No. 656164 ID: e114bc

>>656151
Get back to the entrance room, get eyes on whatever broke through, but without being seen if you can help it.

It seems your presence here awoke something horrible!
>>
No. 656167 ID: ea0ad9

I'm guessing that they have some sort of golem to guard the crypt from looters. Would that be possible through Earth-Life magic, and legal? Well, probably best to just leave now, regardless of what it is.
>>
No. 656171 ID: 77e1e0

Quick guess from the state of the two barriers:
With those scratch marks on and around the Life door, its to keep something out.
The bricked off 'death' section is untouched, Keeping something in.

Which element is normally associated with memory? Perhaps records could be found. Ones you could slip out with and read in a less terrifying environment.
>>
No. 656173 ID: 47c6e9

>You hear a loud crash, as if someone just threw a barrel full of bricks to the ground,
Or possibly the sound made when someone knocks over a brick wall that was blocking a hallway? Oh and are those claw marks on the door of life?

Oh and for things to look up in the library tomorrow look up yourself and your brother. Speaking of tomorrow if you want to live to see it I think it would be best you leave the crypt. And make sure you climb back through the room you locked if only to unlock it.
>>
No. 656221 ID: 825af6

...Either the ghosts suddenly stepped up their haunting game by several dozen levels or something huge and horrible actually plowed through that ancient brick wall. You're not going to gamble your life that it's the former and not the latter. You've found out what you came here for, so time to leave with all due haste, which in this case is ALL OF IT! ALL THE HASTE! You are going to set a new personal speed record exiting this place! You are going to run faster than any Vark ever has! Faster than ANYONE has! You shall become SPEED INCARNATE!

Draw your pistol. Keep it and the lantern pressed close to your body as you sprint back so as not to risk them being caught on anything or knocked out of your grasp. Put everything you have into getting to the central chamber before whatever that thing is gets to the end of the corridor you're in and traps you.

If you don't see the beast on the way to the exit stairs, pause at the bottom of them and wait until you get a good look at the creature as it exits its corridor. Once it does take a shot at its legs to slow it then all but fly up the stairs. Once you're past the gate slip into sneaky mode, climb back into the palace the way you came out and slip back in without anybody knowing. Hopefully the monster won't come up, but this way if it does nobody will know you were down there right before it arrived.

...But if the monster is real and doesn't come up, it'll be waiting for whoever goes down there next. You can't just keep this under your hat forever 'cause somebody may die if you do. You'll have to bite the bolt at some point and fess up to your dad. Better to be grounded into next year than to end up having someone's death on your conscience.

Based on the compass reading you took and how long you walked in each direction can you make an estimate of where the fire rune chamber and the life and death rune corridors lay beneath the palace grounds? And take a guess where the life and death rune chambers lay by assuming their corridors were the same length as the fire rune one.

It's a terrible thought, but this whole chain of spooky events may have been set off by you. They didn't start until you looked into the "eyes" of that death rune, after which the rune glowed. It's possible that looking into the eyes was the activation trigger for a ancient spell, or set of spells, that brought the ghosts out and awakened the ancient monster. ...Though if that's all it took, then surely some other fool did it before, after that ancient brick wall was put up. So you're not so sure about it.

There's several gouges in the life rune door that look like they were made by something large and heavy with a edge... Like what you heard being dragged across the stone floor. Wanna bet whatever that creature is is what made those marks ages ago?

With the risk of magical energy build up from keeping the remains of the dead in proximity for extended periods potentially discharging into dangerous forms, why would anybody want to have a crypt at all? The safe way would seemingly be to spread the dead out, or better yet, spread their ashes to the four winds and erect a monument to their memory instead.

>Anywhere where there is a lot of freed life energy, that is to say dead things, there will be born different kind of corporeal beings.
Like a battlefield... If that energy could be captured, and channeled back into a magical weapon to kill even more of the enemy, that would be both a terrible and terribly effective weapon. That's the kind of forbidden magic you'd imagine the Old Empire could have done and fell because of it. Or a self-perpetuating killer spell, powered by the life energy of the fallen, which would depopulate a city in minutes.
>>
No. 656259 ID: 26046c

>>656164
If something does come out of the corridor shoot it to prove/see if it is real.

Is it possible your brother found the ancient powerful magics that destroyed the ancient empire and thought he could use it to end the war? Both sides would want to cover this up to prevent other power hungry idiots from resurrection uncontrollable death magic.
>>
No. 656267 ID: 65a774
File 143706065231.gif - (2.37MB , 684x524 , 61.gif )
656267

>[Animated] …if it works… I have no idea what I’m doing…


>Based on the compass reading you took and how long you walked in each direction can you make an estimate of where the fire rune chamber and the life and death rune corridors lay beneath the palace grounds?
It’s hard to say exactly, but you think you got the right spot. If you’re correct, then the life chamber would be right under the temple of the five right next to the palace.
>With the risk of magical energy build up from keeping the remains of the dead in proximity for extended periods potentially discharging into dangerous forms, why would anybody want to have a crypt at all?
Because then you can take care of those energies and dispatch them safely. That’s what priest and the like do, after all.
>The safe way would seemingly be to spread the dead out, or better yet, spread their ashes to the four winds and erect a monument to their memory instead.
You’re pretty sure that’s rather frowned upon, and with good reason. For example, you did read about an undead wolf attack on one of the smaller villages just after the war, which probably happened because someone got the great idea to just burn and throw away the ashes of a bunch of soldiers that died nearby.
>Is it possible your brother found the ancient powerful magics that destroyed the ancient empire and thought he could use it to end the war?
Even if he did find it, how would he even understand how to use it? That thing is way beyond anything we can do, after all.

>Or possibly the sound made when someone knocks over a brick wall that was blocking a hallway?
Or that, yes.
>Are those claw marks on the door of life?
Y-yes, yes it i-is… deep ones, too…
>...What else do you know about undead monstrosities? y'know, just in case.
Aim for the center of mass, as there is where their “hearts” are, and don’t try to hide as they hunt you by your life energy… that’s about it…
>Aim for the legs.
That should slow one down… and is probably a safer course of action then hoping it dies after one hit.
>You think they intentionally left your brother in a coffin so that he'd rise again as an undead?
That’s… would be horrible! But… why? It’s not your brother that becomes undead, it’s just his body used as a puppet!
>Don't worry. You're armed and whatever's banging on that wall hasn't made any progress for as long as it's been there, you'll be fine.
Right… of course… it hasn’t… err…
>I'm guessing that they have some sort of golem to guard the crypt from looters. Would that be possible through Earth-Life magic, and legal?
Functional golems are kind of rare at today age, as least the artificial ones, as we don’t have the means to create them anymore.

>Get back to the entrance room, get eyes on whatever broke through, but without being seen if you can help it.
That won’t be easy, as you’re pretty much the only light source down here… and if it’s undead it’s probably “seen” you already.
>You've found out what you came here for, so time to leave with all due haste, which in this case is ALL OF IT! ALL THE HASTE!
Right, you’re done here. Time to get out and… and… w-where are the s-stairs? WHERE ARE THE STAIRS!? By the five the… the… but… whe- WHAT WAS THAT!? I KNOW I SAW SOMETHING!!
>>
No. 656268 ID: fbc59e

Oh. Crap.
Okay uhh I'm assuming that thing is an undead, I'm pretty sure it's undead...And it's a Sakkillian skeleton? Strange that...
But more importantly-run down the ice tunnel-maybe there's ambient ice energies there to empower your ice gun, and shoot it in the legs as you go.
>>
No. 656270 ID: 9297f4

SPOOPY. 2SPOOPY. THE SKELETON WAR HAS BEGUN. SAVE YOURSELF.
>>
No. 656272 ID: ea0ad9

>[Animated] …if it works… I have no idea what I’m doing…
JESUS TWO HUNDRED FIFTY FRAMES THAT IS ANIMATED IF I'VE EVER SEEN IT
>Right, you’re done here. Time to get out and… and… w-where are the s-stairs? WHERE ARE THE STAIRS!? By the five the… the… but… whe- WHAT WAS THAT!? I KNOW I SAW SOMETHING!!
There are TWO of them?! Go down the fire corridor, that's the one you KNOW didn't have anything dangerous down it.
Assuming there aren't some sort of gasses down here that are causing hallucinations, then my guess would be the path gets closed off if these two things break out. If that wall can close in such a way, then the sound of bricks "falling" might have been that wall moving into place.

If these two things chase you into the fire hallway, don't let them desecrate the chamber. If they don't chase, though, them it may be that this is supposed to happen, though if so, hopefully by Illasia's power, as any normal person animating or resurrecting would be breaking the laws, right?
>You think they intentionally left your brother in a coffin so that he'd rise again as an undead?
>That’s… would be horrible! But… why? It’s not your brother that becomes undead, it’s just his body used as a puppet!
Wait... if the Goddess of Life had resurrected a corpse to act as her champion against some Undeath scourge, it would make sense why he could be considered both a hero and a traitor. The control of life in any form being a crime would mean those who are fine with it would keep it an absolute secret from everybody so that they do not try to stop this.
>>
No. 656273 ID: 5a7179

Panic.
>>
No. 656283 ID: 825af6

Wait... That doesn't make sense... Hold it! HOLD IT! Stop spinning around like a bloody idiot and use the smarts the Gods gave ya for once! That glimpse of a undead horror you caught was from the LIFE corridor! The one you just exited and you know has no branches! It's not possible for that thing to have come from there! And then it vanished into thin air next you looked when by all rights it should have charged you. It's a goddamn illusion by these fuckin' ghosts!

You KNOW ghosts will fuck with your perception but that they aren't intelligent or creative at all. They can only base their illusions on the target's own fears. And that undead horror looked like a Sakkilian, your deepest fear. But you KNOW that there's no Sakkilian remains here. And not only that, it had two bladed fingers on its hand, like the two fingers of Briannah's prosthetic, bringing your fear of her in as well. See, the ghosts are amplifying and looping your fears back on you! They're manipulating you, and that makes you bloody angry! You will not be manipulated! You will not let some mindless twisted up knot of malevolent magic get the better of you!

Rush over to the wall where the exit stairs were and feel over it. If there's no seam at all where the doorway was then it's definitely an illusion 'cause no door could slide into position without having some kind of seam. But even if there is a seam, still press hard against where the doorway was and you should step through.

>Even if he did find it, how would he even understand how to use it? That thing is way beyond anything we can do, after all.
Well, what if somebody else did the dirty work? In desperation there was a lot of money thrown at mages and scholars near the start of the war to find any means to counter the Empire, was there not? That's how arcane firearms came to be invented, right? So what if that it also bore in secret other, forbidden fruit? And Krotos somehow dug it up and went against all the restrictions to put it into practice, thinking the ends justified the means. Is he the kind of person who'd think that?
>>
No. 656288 ID: 7dc3ab

Too bad you can't get any more light.
>>
No. 656289 ID: 334db2

>Even if he did find it, how would he even understand how to use it?
Understand nothing. You said you don't know how your gun works but you still use it just fine.

Alright. You need to find the key to the door of life if you want to get out of here, So keep an eye out. Go down the Death corridor to see what happened, or if that splinter of backbone that you got when you were bludgeoning that assassin finally dislodged itself, the Earth corridor.
>>
No. 656291 ID: 7dc3ab

Stress is just piling on to you, reminds me of darkest dungeon. Quick, make a prayer of sort or go to a room with only one entrance and use the hallway as a kill zone.
>>
No. 656301 ID: 9ddf68

I really really doubt that the stairway is gone, walk up to where it was and feel the wall. Use the compass and not the doors as this place is obviously fucking with you. You said you've been looking at it this whole time.

If that doesn't work though...explore the other tunnels?
>>
No. 656304 ID: 65a774
File 143707475786.png - (61.50KB , 684x524 , 62.png )
656304

>Panic.
AAAAHHH!!!
>Too bad you can't get any more light.
DAMMIT! You should have brought a fire enchanted gun! …or just more guns! …and men! A freaking army!!
>There are TWO of them?!
BY THE SWEET NAME OF ILLASIA THIS CAN’T GET ANY WORSE!!!
>Go down the fire corridor, that's the one you KNOW didn't have anything dangerous down it.
You barely stumble back into the corridor of fire, not daring averting your gaze from the other corridors nor lower your gun even for a second.

>And it's a Sakkillian skeleton? Strange that...
…wait, that doesn’t make any sense…
>That glimpse of a undead horror you caught was from the LIFE corridor! The one you just exited and you know has no branches! It's not possible for that thing to have come from there!
Can it teleport? Or… but… no, they shouldn’t have…
>It's a goddamn illusion by these fuckin' ghosts!
Yes, this isn’t making any sense! You’re probably been under some spell ever since you got there! That’s why there some weird six rune on the mark of the gods… that’s why you keep hearing whispering!
>They're manipulating you, and that makes you bloody angry! You will not be manipulated! You will not let some mindless twisted up knot of malevolent magic get the better of you!
That’s it! You’ve had it with these ghosts! You don’t care what they throw at you, you’re leaving! No illusion can hold Kronos, the prince of- OH BIRD DROPPINGS, SOMEONE IS BEHIND YOU!

…You are now in a dire need of new undergarments.

:NonSB: …How impolite, just barging in here uninvited and brandishing a charged wand…

…d-did that thing just talk?

:NonSB: I haven’t even had time to brew some tea…
>>
No. 656307 ID: 334db2

Play along while you wait for your heart to restart.

Yes, terribly sorry. I didn't see a place to knock.
>>
No. 656308 ID: 46df9e

Inform him you weren't exactly expecting to find a host down here.
>>
No. 656309 ID: e114bc

>>656304
Don't shoot. You're obviously under the effects of an illusion and a Sakkilian skeleton being here makes no sense. That could be a living person, so don't shoot them.

Fucking run instead. Go back to where you remember the stairs were, and try to climb them even though you can't see them.
>>
No. 656314 ID: 9ddf68

...
...
...
...
...
I've got nothing

Ask for a name?

> You are now in a dire need of new undergarments.
I thought you said you already used the bathroom.
>>
No. 656325 ID: 7dc3ab

And now like the good times of call of Cthulhu, your sanity has reached the breaking point and you shoot yourself.
>>
No. 656335 ID: 825af6

Your heart is attempting to flee by leaping out of your throat. Better follow its lead and bound forward (while making a most undignified squawking noise.)

It somehow appeared in the thin air behind you, so the obvious solution is to not have thin air behind you. Get your back flat against the nearest wall, in this case the one between the fire and earth corridors. Take a moment to get your wits back about you before proceeding.

Use your smarts and assess the situation. Whatever it is, it was right behind you and didn't attack. That means it's either not overtly hostile or it is and is unable to attack for some reason. It spoke in a coherent manner, which is something ghosts can't do; At least not common ghosts. So it may be intelligent, or it may be just repeating phrases. What did it's voice sound like? Any placeable accents?

Play along to gauge whether it's intelligent or not. Tell it (in a voice that's jumped up two octaves from fear and is cracking) that you were unaware anybody was down here or that you needed to ask for an invitation to visit your family's crypt and you apologize for the intrusion. Now, you'd gladly take your leave and not be a bother except the stairs have up and vanished on you, which is quite vexing.

Wait, it called your gun a wand. Ask it why it called it that when it doesn't look like a wand. And how could it tell it was charged?

Whatever this is it's either an illusion, incorporeal, or so powerful that it can teleport about the place. In all three cases shooting it with your pistol will be ineffective, and in the last case may well piss it off and result in your death. So keep your gun pointed at the ground and your finger off the trigger.

If you get a good look at the creature, notice that its skull appears to be larger than Briannah's whole head, so it can't be a Sakkilian skull. A dragon skull, perhaps? But it's as tall as a Sakkilian, so maybe it's a Sakkilian wearing a skull over its head. ...Or it's a undead construct with a dragon skull for a head.

You can make your way around to the wall where the stairs are by sidling along the wall you're pressed against then diving across the corridor entrances, repeating into you reach it.

>…You are now in a dire need of new undergarments.
Didn't you use the bathroom before coming down here? Found reserves for a special occasion, did ya? Well, that'll make sneaking back into the palace harder. You'll figure something out when and if you cross that bridge.
>>
No. 656337 ID: 1cebc8

If worst comes to worst throw your pants at him.

Analyze the undead. If you can cross-reference their clothing to the appropriate era, you might be able to recall the context of his invitation.

Ask a few questions. Why was your brother buried? How long has this crypt resided undead? Which organization do they belong to?
>>
No. 656342 ID: 4aaa4d

Well... It didn't rip your throat out, so I guess that is a start? Try to talk with him, at least he/she/it seem to have some manners...

Try to get a good look at him. Are those Feathers or Hair coming from behind the skull? Either way, It wouldn't be Sakkillian as they Don't seem to have either of them.
>>
No. 656351 ID: 65a774
File 143709118745.png - (48.85KB , 684x524 , 63.png )
656351

>Wait... if the Goddess of Life had resurrected a corpse to act as her champion against some Undeath scourge, it would make sense why he could be considered both a hero and a traitor.
But why would the goddess of life make an undead to fight undead? Why not just choose a living champion?
>In desperation there was a lot of money thrown at mages and scholars near the start of the war to find any means to counter the Empire, was there not? That's how arcane firearms came to be invented, right?
Actually, these silver weapons were created by one of your allies across the sea. You did, on the other hand, throw a lot of money and favors at them to gain the secrets of creating them and enough arcane dust to field them. It wasn’t cheap, but without it you would be doomed.
>So what if that it also bore in secret other, forbidden fruit? And Krotos somehow dug it up and went against all the restrictions to put it into practice, thinking the ends justified the means. Is he the kind of person who'd think that?
He probably would try to stop the war by any means necessary, but you don’t think he would field some kind of doomsday weapon.
>Understand nothing. You said you don't know how your gun works but you still use it just fine.
Of course, the difference is that most ancient artifacts don’t come with a manual like a gun.

>What did it's voice sound like? Any placeable accents?
Deep… deeper then you’ve ever heard before… and echoing. There is an accent in there, but you can’t place it. You’ve never heard someone talk like that before…
>I thought you said you already used the bathroom.
Apparently there were some leftovers… at least you’re wearing black pants…
>If you can cross-reference their clothing to the appropriate era, you might be able to recall the context of his invitation.
Those cloths are ancient enough to be dust now. There’s no way you can decipher what they used to look like.
>Are those Feathers or Hair coming from behind the skull?
They aren’t feathers, that for sure… but whatever they are, they are covered in mold and all kind of fungal matter.
>And now like the good times of call of Cthulhu, your sanity has reached the breaking point and you shoot yourself.
You’re frozen in fear and are unable to even pull the trigger right now…
>Fucking run instead. Go back to where you remember the stairs were, and try to climb them even though you can't see them.
You try your damnest at moving your legs, but the only thing you manage to achieve is making a vertical moment towards the floor.


:KronosSB: VARK!! *Thud*
:NonSB: Oh, dear… did I surprise you?
:KronosSB: Urg… err… I-I didn’t… um… I didn’t r-really expect to find a… a g-graceful host down here…
:NonSB: Why, it is a rather gloom place, this prison of mine.
:KronosSB: Prison? Wait… no, t-this is my f-family crypt, not a p-prison…
:NonSB: Crypt? Ah, then you must be the one I read about in the prophecies, yes… good… I expected you to be taller, though… and a bit more muscle then bones… but no, you’re not in your crypt any longer, mortal one, but deep in the inverted tower that was built to chain me. If you would dig yourself straight up for… say, about four kilometers, then you would find your crypt holding your dear ones.
:KronosSB: …wait, what? You mean I’m… what? How? When? WHAT!?
:XuvSB: I brought you here to converse, as you’re a very interesting man, mortal one. Do not worry; I will let you back to the mortal coil when we’re done chatting.

:XuvSB: But where are my manners, I forgot to introduce myself. Most mortals don’t recognize me in person after all. I am the magnificent… the beautiful… I am Xuv, the end and beginning of all things! The most beloved of all the great, immortal ones, the magnificent ones, the one who built the celestial heavens and perched on its thrones! I AM XUV, THE ENDLESS!
:KronosSB: …err…
:XuvSB: Of course, you’re speechless after witnessing my beauty, mortal one… most men are…
:KronosSB: Beautiful? …but… y-you’re an undead?
:XuvSB: Dead? How can something like I die? My flesh may have rotten of my bones and my organs turned to dust, but I’m still very much alive. That is what endless means! What true immortality means! How can the end and beginning ever end?
:KronosSB: …err… end of… wait, how long have you been down here?
:XuvSB: That I cannot say. Hundreds? Thousands? Millions? No, a million years is probably too much…
:KronosSB: So… you’re… Xuv? Xuv of… what?
:XuvSB: Why, the chosen six, the six upon the thrones of the golden city! The six worshipped and loved!

:KronosSB: …wait, did you just call my gun a wand?
:XuvSB: …gun? What is a gun? Are you talking about that primitive wand of yours? Hmfp, if you should even call it that. That’s nothing more than child’s toy, not at all something that is fit to be carried by the great phoenix!
:KronosSB: And how did you know it was charged?
:XuvSB: Oh, do you really need to ask? I am Xuv! XUV! Is there anything more you need to know then that? But enough small talk… I called you here for a reason, Krotos.
:KronosSB: …wait, wh-
:XuvSB: It has been weaved in the web of fate that you and you alone will become the phoenix! That you will find the mighty dragon, the one unbound by fate itself, tame him and give him a highborn wife who will bear the next Phoenix King! The one who will recreate the old empire anew and rise to become the newest member of the counsel of the six, after casting down the betraying god! You are chosen, Krotos, by the very fate spider! You alone can change the tides of history forever!
:KronosSB:
:XuvSB: …what? Why are you looking at me like that?
>>
No. 656356 ID: 46df9e

Tell him he is unfortunately mistaken; Krotos was our elder brother, and your name is Kronos.

You may also want to let him know you need a moment to come to terms with the fact that there are actually six gods rather than the five you've grown up believing in.
>>
No. 656358 ID: 334db2

>…what? Why are you looking at me like that?
There are only five gods, I know nothing of a golden city, my name is Kronos with an 'n', Krotos died in a war about three years back, I have never heard of Xuv, and Your prophesy sounds like it came from that madman who once told me that pigeons were wizards who reincarnated as such so that they couldn't be put to work by mortals.

wellll this is so embarrassing i'm not the one you're looking for i'll just see myself out then
>>
No. 656364 ID: 24a5ea

Sh-- should we tell her?
>>
No. 656367 ID: 47c6e9

Krotos was my brother... He is dead. I am Kronos. My brother died in a war that ended three years ago a hero. However I've recently found out some odd things about his death and came to the family crypt for answers. I have never heard of you and to my knowlage there are only 5 gods and 5 elements.

... Uh, s-since I'm already here I guess I could answer some questions of what happened since you've been down here. In return I want you to tell me what you know of my brother, even if it's just prophesy.
>>
No. 656368 ID: e6fcea

Looks like you forgot your manners as well. Introduce yourself, though maybe with a little less flair.

Also, ask who the "betraying god" is at some point.
>>
No. 656369 ID: ebcefd

Ok, so this guy(?) sounds like god #6, and chances are the other five had something to do with that. We should be really careful about how to bring that up, since it is likely a sore spot.

Ask: "Uh, does becoming the phoenix involve dying and coming back? I ask because Krotos did the first of those; I am his brother Kronos.
>>
No. 656371 ID: 1cebc8

So... it's fate that Krotos tames a dragon that is... unbound by fate?

... Back away from the senile mad scientist.

Ask Xuv where he keeps his data archives. Maybe the schematics of his grand design are hidden inside his notes. Also request lessons on foreign languages.

Also ask about Sakkilians. Is he one? Probably not. But what are the origins of mortals, then?
>>
No. 656372 ID: 4aaa4d

Well... Not to sound ungrateful, but as far as you know, there are five, not six great ones. The possibility of a sixth one only came to mind recently...
As for Krotos, He was your older brother, but he... Kind of died soo, he is... like incapable of doing any kind of destiny changing things...
Tell him that the reason you went to the cript was because you wanted to (Seek information about your brother) visit the ashes of your mother.
>>
No. 656402 ID: b062fb

Tell Xuv it sounds like his brain's been rotting away too
>>
No. 656441 ID: e114bc

Actually maybe you shouldn't tell him you're not Krotos. If he finds out he's got the wrong guy he might just kill you.

Instead, how about you tell him you're just having trouble believing him is all. Ask for more info about the prophecy and the terms he's using. Also, the council of six, who's the betrayer?
>>
No. 656466 ID: e114bc

I think it's worth mentioning that the phoenix rises from its own ashes.
>>
No. 656469 ID: bd8b82

>>656464
wow, chill.
>>
No. 656505 ID: 350a50

>>656466
Which would be why Krotos was never cremated. Apparently Pops knew about the prophecy.
>>
No. 656575 ID: 65a774
File 143716152154.png - (64.04KB , 684x524 , 64.png )
656575

>Tell Xuv it sounds like his brain's been rotting away too.
Let’s not insult that thing, alright?
>Not to sound ungrateful, but as far as you know, there are five, not six great ones.
:XuvSB: You mortal ones has already forgotten about me? Really? Ah, how short your memories are… but how can you not behold my beautiful, perfect shape and not believe? Let me enter the light properly…
:KronosSB: Oh… wow… err…
:XuvSB: Ah, aren’t I the most beautiful creature you’ve ever laid your eyes on? Me, Xuv? The goddess of DEATH!? The most beautiful of the gods!? The beginning and end of all things… Xuv. I am the mother of ten thousand young and the breaker of the hearts of a million men and woman. I am perfection and perfection is Xuv!
:KronosSB: …y-you’re a lot bigger than I thought you were…
:XuvSB: Mmm, yes, I do have the right shapes, don’t I?


>How about you tell him you're just having trouble believing him is all.
:XuvSB: How can you not believe what is right in front of your very eyes!? I am Xuv, the first god and the most powerful of the six! I am the endless one! The creator of the ascension! The one who built the very celestial heavens! I am Xuv and Xuv is all!
>So... it's fate that Krotos tames a dragon that is... unbound by fate?
:XuvSB: By fate, you’re the one who will receive my blessing and the capabilities to tame him, but it is not weaved if you will succeed or not. The world will change depending on your success. While your actions are already written, the Dragon can change all that by everything he does. He alone can change the fate of all.
>Ask for more info about the prophecy and the terms he's using.
:XuvSB: There is one, touched by the gods before the betrayer came, who are free of the shackles of fate, the dragon. He is reborn and wanders the earth once again, giving us an opportunity to change the fate of the world and cast down the betrayer from the celestial palace and retake it in the name of the six! You’re the one who is weaved to tame it, you’re the phoenix who will tame the dragon and give it a son born from a highborn… a son who will be unbound by fate and be empowered by the very gods to fight the betrayer and cast her down once and for all!
>Your prophesy sounds like it came from that madman who once told me that pigeons were wizards who reincarnated as such so that they couldn't be put to work by mortals.
:XuvSB: Wizards? What are you talking about? Everyone knows that pigeons are the tormented souls bound within mortal shells to work as spies for the betrayer! At least the white ones are…
:KronosSB: …you mean doves?
:XuvSB: Yes, doves.

>Looks like you forgot your manners as well. Introduce yourself, though maybe with a little less flair.
:KronosSB: I’m sorry to say but… I’m not Krotos.
:XuvSB: …what? But… you have to be… no one else is weaved to come here… No, she must have seen this coming! The betrayer must have manipulated the dragon into doing something that ended up with the death of Krotos! She’s already foiling my plans before they even started! But… who are you?
:KronosSB: I’m his brother.
:XuvSB: You’re Keras? The lord of coin?
:KronosSB: …err… no, his other brother.
:XuvSB: …he had another brother? You mean sister, right?
:KronosSB: I’m Kronos, the smallest one.
:XuvSB: … … …Kronos? Why doesn’t… ah, you’re the insignificant one!
:KronosSB: Insignificant!?
:XuvSB: AHAHAHAHA! THIS IS RICH! You! Of all people! You’re the one who comes in his stead!
:KronosSB: So… err… this is embarrassing but… as I’m not the one you’re looking for so I’ll just… see myself out…
:XuvSB: No, you’ll be perfect! This is better than perfect in fact! You’re so insignificant that she’ll never see you coming! HA!
:KronosSB: Stop calling me insignificant, you… you… *cough*…
:XuvSB: But you are, oh, how you are. Fated to wed a daughter of a unknown baron, stuck in a loveless marriage, wife committing suicide, alienating all those that are close… yes, in the end, you will die alone and unloved, in a small mansion located in the middle of nowhere. Those born today will not even know that you ever existed, as nothing you do will have any lasting impression on the world. Childless, friendless, no one will remember you after you’re gone.
:KronosSB: W-what!? That’s not true! I got a lot of friends! And I’m not marrying a daughter of some baron!
:XuvSB: No, so it seems… the Dragons action is already affecting you, isn’t it? Yes, you suddenly have greatness in your future… you’re the one, you’re the Phoenix! You will find the dragon and find him a wife! It’s perfect!
:KronosSB: …what?


>I think it's worth mentioning that the phoenix rises from its own ashes.
:XuvSB: So the stories goes, yes…
>Krotos was supposed to be REBORN after he died?!
:XuvSB: Krotos was never supposed to die… and nothing can change his fate now. Not even I can bring someone back from death, I can only guide those that die to the celestial palace for their final rest.
>Which would be why Krotos was never cremated.
:XuvSB: He wasn’t? Ah, that’s why I never knew he died! They never came with him to the crypt! This has to be my sisters work, of that I am certain. She didn’t want me to know that my plan had already failed… and when I noticed it myself it would already be too late.
>I want you to tell me what you know of my brother, even if it's just prophesy.
:XuvSB: Hmm… I do not know him. All I know now is that my sister, the betrayer, had her claws in him. She changed his fate for her own ends, twisting him. That has to be how it ended like this.

>Also ask about Sakkilians. Is he one?
:XuvSB: …Sa what now?
:KronosSB: …giant humanoid lizards?
:XuvSB: …I do not know what you’re talking about. I don’t know any lizards... do you mean dragons?
:KronosSB: No, just… forget it…
>But what are the origins of mortals, then?
:XuvSB: I might be older then the stone surrounding us, but I’m not that old. I do not know, nor do anyone else, I would believe.

>Betraying your counsel by promising a seat to somebody you just met? Sounds like you're the betrayer, Xuv.
:XuvSB: How can I betray something that no longer exist!
:KronosSB: Wait, they don’t exist?
:XuvSB: Oh, they do… but they are asleep. The Betrayer struck us all down, one by one, and put them in a deep sleep. Me, on the other hand, she feared and she didn’t dare try to fight me. So instead, she threw me down here, collapsed the very tower to the heavens I had built upon me and chained me in this prison, while cursing my very flesh to forever rot and my beauty to be forever tarnished.
>Who's the betrayer?
:XuvSB: My sister, Illasia, the goddess of light!
:KronosSB: …wait, what!? You’re saying the head goddess is the one who… what?
:XuvSB: Head goddess… so she’s been “promoted” eh? Heh…
>Ask Xuv where he keeps his data archives.
:XuvSB: Archive? Why would I need to write anything down? I’m Xuv, the endless! I remember all and forget nothing!


:XuvSB: But enough chitchat. You will accept my blessing, become my champion and find the dragon! She will never suspect someone like you, so you’ll be perfect for the job!
:KronosSB: Err… do I get any-
:XuvSB: And with my blessing you will also have the honor… after all, I have longed for the loving touch of another, man or woman, as well as the laying a new clutch of young ones.
:KronosSB: Wait, wha-
:XuvSB: You’ll do, you can’t be picky in my situation, can you? No, you will make a great father…
:KronosSB: WHAT!?
:XuvSB: I know you’re at a loss of words after hearing that you might get access to all this, but do not worry, we have time to spare. No one has ever said no to my beauty before, and I’ll make certain no one will ever deny me my needs… so, how do you want me, handsome?
:KronosSB:

…your brain is trying to puke acid on itself, but fails miserably.
>>
No. 656576 ID: fbc59e

...
I want to ask her how this is going to work out, but I think suffice to say, you will simply adore the thought of spending the night with Briannah from now on...
Just...Imagine your newly bethrothed, as firmly as you can.
>>
No. 656577 ID: e114bc

>>656575
Okay first off she already said her beauty rotted away, so there's nothing to resist. Second off she can't be impregnated because she's just BONES! Third off you're engaged to be married, you can't just go off and bone a stranger. There must be some other way to get her blessing.

Lastly is she sure it'd be a loveless marriage? Briannah seems like a pretty cool person actually. ...waaaaait. Daughter of a duke? That's the girl who took your virginity! And Briannah was in love with your brother, who was the original Phoenix... the Dragon is Briannah! I wonder how the life goddess managed to manipulate events through Briannah to cause Krotos to do what he did? Or was the problem that Briannah was put in the way of Krotos? Would he have made up with her if they hadn't fought?

Ask what was supposed to happen to Krotos during the war.
>>
No. 656578 ID: 350a50
656578

"So if we're trying to find the dragon a wife, why not you? I mean, that'd make a demi-god born outside of fate. Wouldn't that be ideal?"
>>
No. 656579 ID: e114bc

>>656578
The Dragon is female.
>>
No. 656580 ID: 350a50

>>656579
We don't know that for certain yet.
>>
No. 656583 ID: 7dc3ab

He said humanoid. How many humans are out there? If any.
>>
No. 656584 ID: 334db2

Explain that you are already betrothed. It's a matter of international diplomacy and not getting your head twisted off by a veteran of twice your height.

> The betrayer must have manipulated the dragon into doing something that ended up with the death of Krotos!
so... This 'betrayer' is at fault for my brother's death? Do you know how? That's why I came down here in the first place.

Now WHO IS THE DRAGON? WHO?!?

I think the prophesy is a very convoluted way of saying Briahna is a reincarnation of someone else and that you will have a child together. Somehow. The genders might be mixed up because prophsies don't make any fucking sense anyway.
>>
No. 656586 ID: dbe554

..Does she not know of the current races? May be best to enlighten her rather then try and imagine how one copulates best with bone.
>>
No. 656588 ID: 0f4536

How do we recognize this Dragon, and what do you mean by taming him?
>>
No. 656592 ID: e114bc

>>656580
>There is one, touched by the gods before the betrayer came, who are free of the shackles of fate, the dragon. He is reborn and wanders the earth once again, giving us an opportunity to change the fate of the world and cast down the betrayer from the celestial palace and retake it in the name of the six! You’re the one who is weaved to tame it, you’re the phoenix who will tame the dragon and give it a son born from a highborn… a son who will be unbound by fate and be empowered by the very gods to fight the betrayer and cast her down once and for all!

We know Krotos was male. Giving someone a son generally involves a pregnancy. Can't be Krotos, so it would have to be the Dragon.

Unless the Dragon is the entire race of Sakkil...?
>>
No. 656598 ID: c7ab9c

>>656592
Xuv has called the dragon a he several times; she at one point also said we would find the dragon a wife.
>>
No. 656600 ID: 99cfa8

>>656575
"Far, far away from me."

Also, this is potty hard to buy into. The goddess - THE goddess - betrayed the other gods and now YOU have to save them? And in return you'll become a god yourself? ... Why would you even WANT to be a god?

Also, who the hell is this Dragon? (Inb4 it's Brianthor)
>>
No. 656603 ID: e114bc

>>656598
...oh.

Then Briannah isn't the dragon. The Phoenix is some sort of intermediary?
>>
No. 656617 ID: 65a774
File 143717402015.png - (27.06KB , 684x524 , 65.png )
656617

>I think suffice to say, you will simply adore the thought of spending the night with Briannah from now on...
Out of the fire and into the frying pan…
>This is pretty hard to buy into. The goddess - THE goddess - betrayed the other gods and now YOU have to save them? And in return you'll become a god yourself?
The simpler explanation is that this Xuv character is some kind of mad undead Creation that’s gotten lose... and the simpler explanation are more often the correct one, aren’t they?
>Why would you even WANT to be a god?
Well… you can come up with several reasons why that would be pretty sweet…
>I think the prophesy is a very convoluted way of saying Briahna is a reincarnation of someone else and that you will have a child together.
For a second there, you completely forgot about the basics of biology. Two different species can’t get an offspring!


:KronosSB: Right… first off, you already said your beauty was gone…
:XuvSB: I might not be as beautiful as I once was, but I still a pair of hips to die for, don’t I?
:KronosSB: err… and you’re made out of bone!
:XuvSB: So I can bone you! HAHA!
:KronosSB: …I was thinking more that it was impossible…
:XuvSB: I AM XUV! A god! THE GOD! Do you think something as simple as that will stop me!?
:KronosSB: and I’m already engaged. I can’t just go around sleeping with… err… gods.
:XuvSB: Didn’t you say you weren’t engage with that lass?
:KronosSB: I’m engaged with a Sakkilian… as a diplomatic gesture…
:XuvSB: …you’re engaged with… what did you say they were? Giant iguanas?
:KronosSB: …sure, why not.
:XuvSB: Oh, do they run around on all fours and eat insects too?
:KronosSB: The point is, I’m promised to someone else…
:XuvSB: Mmm, yes, I can see that…

>So if we're trying to find the dragon a wife, why not you? I mean, that'd make a demi-god born outside of fate. Wouldn't that be ideal?
:XuvSB: As much as I want a new brood, the Dragon can’t get down here and he need to sire a son that can free me before I can get out of here. So, kind of hard, see?
>How do we recognize this Dragon, and what do you mean by taming him?
:XuvSB: I do not know who he is exactly… but I’ve seen the name Belseth in the weavings of the fate spider…
:KronosSB: …why do I recognize that name? Hmm…
:XuvSB: You will know who it is when you find him… and then you need to find him a nice Highborn gal to marry.

>Does she not know of the current races? May be best to enlighten her.
:XuvSB: Of course I know the races of the world! There is the Highborn, the Ker’lacka, the Cr’kk’ks*SCREECH*!!-
:KronosSB: AAH!! Oh, gods, my ears!
:XuvSB: Huh? But that’s the name of those giant insects, isn’t it?
:KronosSB: No, they are called Hivers, not… ear pain!
:XuvSB: Hivers? In the name of me, that’s a stupid name! No, they are called Cr’kk-
:KronosSB: Don’t say it! You know, just… forget it.

>Ask what was supposed to happen to Krotos during the war.
:XuvSB: He would win, he would become a hero, he would unite the highborn with the Ker’lacka and then…
:KronosSB: Then…?
:XuvSB: Then he would find the dragon, find him a wife, make them sire a son and make him a god!
:KronosSB: Right…
:XuvSB: Oh, but now, let me give you my blessing! And a gift to your wife to be! I’m sure she will just love what I’m about to do to you.
:KronosSB: …wait, do to me?
:XuvSB: This will sting just a tad!
:KronosSB: Stin-
>>
No. 656618 ID: 65a774
File 143717402955.png - (44.74KB , 684x524 , 66.png )
656618

:KronosSB: …blrg…
:XuvSB: Oh, don’t look so sad, I’m sure that suit can be cleaned, no problem.

…You feel a burning sensation spread across your whole body… and then coldness… darkness sweeps over you and the last thing your remember is falling to the ground as life left you…
>>
No. 656619 ID: 65a774
File 143717403997.png - (25.76KB , 684x524 , 67.png )
656619

:KronosSB: VARK!!
:BriannahSB: Bad dream?
:KronosSB: Urg… y-yes… wait, where am I?
:BriannahSB: In the medical wing, in a sick bed.
:KronosSB: Sick bed… what happened?
:BriannahSB: Apparently, they found you having a seizure down in the crypt. That place got a bad case of toxic fungi this summer, I heard.
:KronosSB: …I…fungi?
:BriannahSB: Known to making people hallucinate before knocking them unconscious and killing them. You’re lucky some guards found the crypt door unlocked and decided to investigate.
:KronosSB: …oh…
:BriannahSB: So… are you well?
>>
No. 656621 ID: 9297f4

Must have been some bad shrooms cause I saw the craziest shit ever.
>>
No. 656623 ID: 1cebc8

Madwomen. Madwomen in the crypts.

Other than that you're fine. So what's next on the agenda?

And why isn't your father here to hug your ribcage into powdered coffee?
>>
No. 656625 ID: 334db2

> So… are you well?
I'm gonna have to go with nope.

So, how furious is my father?
>>
No. 656628 ID: dbe554

I saw a sixth god, heard some trippy shit regarding dragons, got stabbed in the chest by god undead who got sealed in the sky and alot of prophecy shit.

Either way, it either didn't exist, or the shrooms made us see god. How about some food.
>>
No. 656630 ID: 334db2

Also, check over your body to make sure it was really just a dream. I don't like the sound of "she will just love what I’m about to do to you". What happened to your clothes?
>>
No. 656631 ID: c7ab9c

Great, I hallucinated that I was the chosen one meant to assist in the usurpation of a god, and even began to believe it.
>>
No. 656633 ID: 9ddf68

>So… are you well
no, no I am not... where are my clothes?

find somewhere with a mirror and check yourself for any scars or markings. Shit just became even more complicated.... even if it was just a dream.

Oh and remember if anyone ask what you where doing down there you went to talk to your mother, if they ask why tell them that dinner last night brought up memories of those lost in the war so you went down there to see them and just to let some things off your chest.
>>
No. 656635 ID: e6fcea

Check if you still got a pulse. Ask where your clothes are. No you are not fine, but at least you aren't dead by impalement... Hopefully.

Then try and figure out if something feels different about yourself now. Doesn't matter if you might look odd infront of anyone, figuring this out is more important. Gotta make sure nothing about those 'hallucinations' were real, right?

Would probably be best not to reveal anything about your hallucinations before you've done some homework on what it all means.

Also tell Briannah she's looking great today. No particular reason, just that she does.
>>
No. 656648 ID: e114bc

>>656619
Okay that was probably all a hallucination but just in case you should research the gods via the library. Find out what the races used to be called in ancient times, find any mention of a "Dragon", and maybe also find out why the sixth corridor is bricked up and the life/light corridor has a locked door.
>>
No. 656651 ID: 334db2

>>656619
Wait a minute, what happened to your accent?
>>
No. 656652 ID: bd8b82

the blessing was probably you can now breed with your wife. enjoy having impossible half-breed kids.
>>
No. 656665 ID: ea0ad9

>That place got a bad case of toxic fungi this summer, I heard.
>Known to making people hallucinate before knocking them unconscious and killing them.
That would explain why the hallucinations started to get worse and worse until I was eventually stabbed through the chest. I'm betting that would have been the point I'd have died from it if I hadn't been brought out.

...You should definitely remember to carry a fire-gun sidearm with you in the future. Burning that fungus should--Wait, is burning it safe, or would that just make them eject their spores further out?

>>656628
Let's not tell her all that if she doesn't specifically ask what the hallucinations were.

>So… are you well?
...I know I wasn't exactly the friendliest, uh, "Fiance" before, but let's just say that bad trips have a way of making a person enjoy what they have. How long was I out, even?

Schedule some time to visit the priests. We want to make sure that really was just some hallucination and not some psycho spirit mumbo jumbo. Also schedule in some time to practice something more practical for close range. Maybe with water filled vests that if struck will burst and render the person play-dead that would be cute practical. Or Briannah can tutor you, if she's willing to put up with the fact that you're tiny and weak compared to her.
>>
No. 656669 ID: 825af6

Watch what you say from now on. Keep everything from the "hallucination" under your hat for now; Don't even use it in a joking way. If it somehow was real then you don't want it getting out to anybody. And be careful about when and how you tell Briannah about Krotos' missing urn. The walls may have ears. And watch out for doves.

Tell Briannah that besides your tongue feeling like sandpaper, your head like it was hit with a mallet, your muscles aching something fierce (probably from the seizure,) and feeling like a big dumb idiot for almost dying to something as stupid as fungus, you're peachy. Thank her for asking. For real. Not sarcastically. And also thank her for staying at your bedside. See if there's a pitcher of water on the bedside table so you can take care of your dry mouth.

Ask her how long you were out for, how close came to dying, and how's your father. He has to be in some terrible combination of angry at and worried about you right now. You have a feeling when he shows up he's going to hug you like never before while telling you you're grounded into next year for this. And ask how she is. You'd imagine she had a fright when she was told. Also ask where your clothes are and make a comment that you didn't expect this is where she'd first see you in your skivvies.

Have you ever read or heard in passing about such a toxic fungus as you fell afoul of? 'Cause you'd think you would have at some point considering it grows under the palace grounds. Has Briannah ever heard of it before?

Motion to Briannah to lean in. Whisper that she was right about what she said at dinner... At least, you're pretty sure of it. Say we should speak about it later, in private.

Huh... That's odd... Is Briannah's accent less pronounced? She isn't going "ya" and such.

>You’re lucky some guards found the crypt door unlocked and decided to investigate.
Wait... Didn't you lock the gate after you? You could have sworn you did so so if anybody did check you wouldn't be found out.

Get your cover story straight in your head. It'll be that after the events of the day you wanted some privacy from everyone for a bit to think about things. The events also reminded you of your mother, so in your impulsive way you decided you'd visit her actual remains in the crypt and offer your prayers while you thought. And it was going well until you started hearing whispers and ghosts and the exit stairs vanished and everything went terrifying and bizarre. And then you woke up here.

Thinking on it, since Xuv's domain is death and the passing on of spirits it's probable you could only have met Xuv while near death in that particular location... Or if you died there. You are supposedly the Phoenix, so maybe you did die down there and came back. Or, more likely, you only met Xuv in spirit while your body was convulsing on the floor.

Can you place where the name "Belseth" would have come from? Is it Risavian, Zadian, or from elsewhere? ...Wait. You never got the Zadian Empresses' first name, did you? Just her family name. Better find out if it's "Belseth" or not.

>He would win, he would become a hero, he would unite the highborn with the Ker’lacka and then…
That means the Highborn and the Ker'lacka are, respectively, the vark and the sakkilians, or possibly vice versa. Which means the Dragon is most likely a male vark or sakkilian... Well, it doesn't exactly narrow things down, but at least it rules out roughly half the population.

You were too horrified at the time to notice, but now you realize Xuv's body looked like an amalgam of multiple intelligent species. Her lower body appeared to be that of a serpens; A ovale, going by the large stinger your torso was so intimately introduced to. Her head was that of a sakkilian but she also had hair like a human, so you'd bet she had breasts back when she had flesh; Probably extra large ones. Her upper right arm was like a hiver's, upper left that of either a human or a vark. The lower two arms you can't place. They're either from non-intelligent species, intelligent species that died out, or she just made them up to look cool.
>>
No. 656692 ID: d1eba7

>fungi
>hallucinations
god dammit this is the worst way she could have sent us back! Now we don't know if that was real or not. she should've had us wake up in the crypt with a bloody stain on our shirt as proof.

>highborn
So a race not royalty, any clue who they are or what they're called now?

>I’m sure she will just love what I’m about to do to you.
Check size of penis.
>>
No. 656709 ID: 65a774
File 143724224427.png - (41.14KB , 684x524 , 68.png )
656709

>Wait a minute, what happened to your accent?
Text error, forgot who I was writing.

>You were too horrified at the time to notice, but now you realize Xuv's body looked like an amalgam of multiple intelligent species.
Whatever her body was, you’ve never seen something like that before. She even had bones sticking out of her back that probably once was wings. If she’s a combination of several species, she got more than just the intelligent species that exist today.
>Thinking on it, since Xuv's domain is death and the passing on of spirits it's probable you could only have met Xuv while near death in that particular location...
That would make sense, if a bit convoluted.
>The blessing was probably you can now breed with your wife.
You’re still different species… and you’re pretty sure Briannah don’t want a child with you anyway.
>That means the Highborn and the Ker'lacka are, respectively, the vark and the sakkilians, or possibly vice versa. Which means the Dragon is most likely a male vark or sakkilian...
But if you’re supposed to find a highborn wife to the dragon, doesn’t that make the dragon a Varkian?
>Can you place where the name "Belseth" would have come from? Is it Risavian, Zadian, or from elsewhere?
It does sound a lot like a Sakkilian name, but many Varkians near the northern border also adopt that kind of names.

>Wait... Didn't you lock the gate after you?
There was only a lock on the outside of the gate, making it hard to unlock it from the inside without a key, not to speak of locking it with only a lock pick. You decided it was better leaving it open then being locked inside the crypt.
> Keep everything from the "hallucination" under your hat for now. If it somehow was real then you don't want it getting out to anybody.
Even if you told anyone, you’re sure no one would believe you.
>And watch out for doves.
You’re pretty sure she joked about that… but still…
>Schedule some time to visit the priests.
You have to admit, you’re a bit afraid of what they’ll find.

>Briannah can tutor you in close combat.
Though is she really a good tutor? Being able to fight and teaching it is two completely different things.
>you should research the gods via the library.
That’s a great idea!
>Find out what the races used to be called in ancient times, find any mention of a "Dragon", and maybe also find out why the sixth corridor is bricked up and the life/light corridor has a locked door.
Right, putting that on your to do list.
>See if there's a pitcher of water on the bedside table so you can take care of your dry mouth.
There is, and you opt to use it as soon as you’ve regained your posture after the rude awakening.


:KronosSB: Well… besides my tongue feeling like sandpaper, my head like it being stomped on by a cavalry charge, my muscles aching like they’ve never been used before and feeling like a complete idiot I’m just peachy, really…
:BriannahSB: Feeling like an idiot? Yah are one, silly.
:KronosSB: Gee, thanks…
:BriannahSB: But seriously, I’ve been worried about yah. Yah did almost leave us behind, yah ‘now?
:KronosSB: …thank you. For asking how I felt… and worrying about me.
:BriannahSB: Ah, it’s the least I could do. After all, I do bear some responsibility, no? If I didn’t talk about those things yesterday yah would ‘ave never ventured down there, eh?
:KronosSB: …I guess… but I can’t say you’re at fault here. This was my mistake and mine alone.
:BriannahSB: No, it was not. I’m to blame too. So… was it like I said?
:KronoSB: …I didn’t find the thing I was looking for, no…
:BriannahSB: There, proof of what I said, eh?

:KronosSB: … …I know I wasn’t the most… friendliest fiancé before but… I’m sorry, alright?
:BriannahSB: Really?
:KronosSB: I… I guess I did get some things in perspective and… I’m sorry I was a douche.
:BriannahSB: …and I’m sorry I was a complete jerk to yah too. I knew I made yah uncomfortable, but still I continued teasing.
:KronosSB: Then let us stop being jerks?
:BriannahSB: Let’s.
:KronosSB: Heh… oh, and thank you for being here when I woke up. Have you been staying here all night?
:BriannahSB: Only for the last two hours. ‘ad Doxan keep an eye on you while I slept and did my morning training / meditation.
:KronosSB: Doxan is here?
:BriannahSB: ‘e’s off sleeping right now.
:KronosSB: Still… thank you for watching out for me.
:BriannahSB: Someone gotta do it, eh?
:KronosSB: … … …I… um… I just wanted to s-say… you look great today.
:BriannahSB: Really?

…while her face doesn’t betray her emotions one bit, her tail goes crazy for just a few seconds before calming itself.

:BriannahSB: I would say the same but that would be a lie. Yah did, on the other ‘and, look great yesterday.
:KronosSB: …thank you…
:BriannahSB:
:KronosSB:

:KronosSB: So… what time is it anyway?
:BriannahSB: It’s almost noon. Yah’ve been out all day, eh?
:KronosSB: …and how close was I? How close was it that I would be in the celestial realm right now?
:BriannahSB: Let us put it this way. They say that it is the fives will that yah’re still alive. While I might not believe in ye gods, yah clearly ‘ad someone looking after ye.
:KronosSB: …oh, by the five… Poppa is going to kill me, won’t he?
:BriannahSB: Oh, the king is absolutely livid, let me tell yah. ‘e almost punched one of the servants clear in the beak.
:KronosSB: …great, there goes the last of my freedom…

>Have you ever read or heard in passing about such a toxic fungus as you fell afoul of?
You can’t say you have.
>Has Briannah ever heard of it before?
:BriannahSB: I’ve only overheard it from this morning. Apparently it’s only been down there a week or two and the ‘ead gardener is still waiting for the right tools to arrive to remove it permanently. That’s why the crypt is completely off limits right now.
:KronosSB: …they should have put up a sign…
:BriannahSB: There is one. It’s ‘uge and got a skull on it and everything.
:KronosSB: …now that you’re mentioning, I think I saw something like that but didn’t think twice about it…
:BriannahSB: …well, yah are an impulsive idiot, no?
:KronosSB: Speaking of looking like an idiot, where are my clothes?
:BriannahSB: They are being cleaned. Yah do ‘ave a pair of extras ‘ere if yah want them.
:KronosSB: …I have to admit, I didn’t expect this would be the first time you’d see me in my skivvies…
:BriannahSB: Oh? Then when did yah expect me to see them, eh?
:KronosSB: Err… see, I meant… hand me that mirror, will you?

>Check yourself for any scars or markings.
You can’t find any kind of mark or anything else that would suggest that you were impaled.
>Check if you still got a pulse.
…thank the gods, your heart is still beating.
>Check size of penis.
…THANK THE GODS, It’s still as big as ever!

:BriannahSB: What are yah doing?
:KronosSB: Err… I just-
:CainSB: Sir? Are you in good health again?
:KronosSB: Ah, Cain! Why, yes, I’m alive and… peachy…
:CainSB: Good to hear, sir. I’m here to inform you that the duty you gave me yesterday is completed.
:KronosSB: …duty?
:CainSB: The room you requested cleaned and restocked? It is done.
:KronosSB: …oh, right, thank you Cain. (He must be talking about the old painting studio.)
:CainSB: And I have to say, sir, you’re lucky there is something a bit more interesting to talk about today then your continued misadventures.
:KronosSB: …more interesting?
:CainSB: It seems like one of the Empresses sons finally converted to the five, sir.
:BriannahSB: Ah, yes, that was today, eh? It’s my ‘alf brother, Belseth. ‘e’s been going on about it ever since the war ended.
:KronosSB: Wait… what did you call him?
:BriannahSB: Belseth? Or, ‘e’s probably called ‘igh priest Belseth now… apparently the other priest of… what is that god of ye name, the light one, again?
:KronosSB: …Illasia?
:BriannahSB: Yes, that’s it. The other priest of Illasia apparently saw a sign or something and now ‘e’s one of the big shots in the church.
:KronosSB:
>>
No. 656712 ID: c7ab9c

Well that's quite the sudden promotion. From non believer straight to high priest. He is probably best avoided for now though. Xuv did say our main strength is Illasia wouldn't expect us to be able to do anything, so drawing too much attention from him before we're more certain of what we should be doing could end with you winding up like your brother.
>>
No. 656713 ID: 350a50

Well that's going to complicate things.

For now, tell Briannah you've got a surprise for her. Let's go show her the new painting studio.
>>
No. 656714 ID: e114bc

>>656709
Well I guess that's how Illasia is manipulating him. He's part of the church.

Ask if anyone's ever called him a "Dragon". Heck, ask if he was involved in the war too, while we're at it. Or if he ever spoke to Krotos.
>>
No. 656725 ID: 99cfa8

>>656714
Yeah. If they say they have no idea, then you can dismiss it as a fever mushroom dream. If they say he is called the Dragon, then... well, it's still not confirmed real, but there might be enough to it to be worth sharing.

Define don't let anyone hear about it beyond these two though.
>>
No. 656727 ID: 334db2

Lemme guess, joining the church involves a vow of celibacy?

Excuse yourself, we need to put on some clothes and face the music.
>>
No. 656757 ID: 9ddf68

ask about it a bit. Like what made her brother want to become a priest? Why did he get promoted to such a high position so quickly, I mean is it another diplomatic thing, putting one of the empresses kids in such a high rank in a Vark's church/religious structure? Last ask why Cain brought it up? I mean unless the guy is coming here that information does seem a bit out of the blue.

But yeah, as for what to do for now, avoid your father like he's Xuv trying to have a quickie with you, get dressed, show Briannah the studio for her to paint in, and when we get some free time head down to the library and research the gods, all known fields of magic, what the races where called in ancient times, and your brother still just to get a better idea of what he was like during the war.

Also since Kronos has has both the [intelligent] and [quick] perk, does that mean he can speed read or at least research things quicker?
>>
No. 656759 ID: 825af6

Okay, maybe you heard Belseth's name at some point and subconsciously inserted it into your hallucination, but considering how things from the "hallucination" are lining up with what's happening the odds that it was just a hallucination are going down... Dammit. You hoped it was just all in your head.

>>656714
>>656725
Don't bother directly asking if Belseth's nickname is "The Dragon." Prophecy is never, ever as direct as that. You can ask if he has any nicknames, under the guise that you think you read he has one but you aren't sure.

You can say that the reason you asked for Belseth's name again is 'cause you heard it in your hallucinations last night and you're wondering how and when you picked up his name. Maybe from the book on Sakkilians you read, or your father mentioned Belseth was coming here for this.

Ask Briannah if Belseth is the older or the middle brother, what he was doing during the war and if was known for anything in particular, besides his conversion. And when did he first "see the light" and start on the road to his conversion. Was it real sudden or did he have a interest in the Five before? And what's Briannah's opinion of Belseth?

Xuv said your fate was altered by the Dragon's actions, but if the Dragon is Belseth then what could he have done that rippled out so far? Has he visited the palace before? Or... Ask if he was at the battle where Krotos fell. 'Cause it would fit if Belseth or one of those under his command killed your brother. And if Belseth was the one who recovered Briannah and saved her life, that would effect your life by her being alive to marry to you.

>Only for the last two hours. ‘ad Doxan keep an eye on you while I slept and did my morning training / meditation.
Aw, you missed the chance to watch Briannah run laps while wearing a pair of athletic shorts; Possibly rather snug ones. Ah, well, you'll get another opportunity tomorrow. It'll be a good reason to be a early bird. Besides, you're gonna have to get used to waking up early anyway since that's when Briannah will be getting up every day.

Actually, you should consider joining Briannah on her morning training. That'll keep you up physically. Then you'd have an excuse to race against each other every day as a challenge for her. And you'd have incentive to lap her so you could watch her run from behind. And maybe include another challenge of climbing a course of barricades and walls against you as well.

Ask what kind of meditation she does and when and where she picked it up from. Is it something traditional from inside the Empire or is it from outside?

Now, collect your clothes and ask Cain where the shower is and if he would bring you a light lunch and whatever painkiller the doctor will prescribe. You may as well be daisy fresh, well fed and painless for when your father eventually shows up and hands you your ass. And tell Briannah that, assuming your father hasn't had you shackled you to your bed, you have a surprise to show her.
>>
No. 656764 ID: 825af6

>>656759
Oh, and maybe you could also add training shooting targets while on the run; Both stationary and moving ones. That would be the logical next step in advancing your skill as a marksman.
>>
No. 656771 ID: 825af6

>But if you’re supposed to find a highborn wife to the dragon, doesn’t that make the dragon a Varkian?
Well, if Belseth's the Dragon that plan goes out the window, barring magical shenanigans allowing cross-species breeding. You'd have to find a Sakkilian bride for him.

But before you get ahead of yourself, you're going to have to figure out if Belseth is the Dragon or not. Xuv said you'd know the Dragon when you see him, so you just have to get a good look at Belseth to know. Your father probably has you on the guest list for the dinner or whatever after the ceremony where Belseth is made High Priest, so you'll get your opportunity then.
>>
No. 656782 ID: 65a774
File 143726437466.png - (42.19KB , 684x524 , 69.png )
656782

>since Kronos has has both the [intelligent] and [quick] perk, does that mean he can speed read or at least research things quicker?
He’s not quick, he’s agile, which is something completely connected with physical activity and not mental ones. He does have an easier time finding and understanding information, though.

>Okay, maybe you heard Belseth's name at some point and subconsciously inserted it into your hallucination…
Actually, you’re pretty sure you read it when you checked the names of the Empresses sons.
>Well I guess that's how Illasia is manipulating him. He's part of the church.
Can it be coincidence? Hmm…
>Lemme guess, joining the church involves a vow of celibacy?
She’s the god of fertility, so you’re pretty sure celibacy goes against her teachings.
>As for what to do for now, avoid your father like he's Xuv trying to have a quickie with you.
…it’s probably best to let him cool down a bit before you see him… and now you need some pleasant imagery do scrub away that mental image of Xuv.

>Aw, you missed the chance to watch Briannah run laps while wearing a pair of athletic shorts; Possibly rather snug ones.
…you’re suddenly very inclined to go up early in the mornings…
>Actually, you should consider joining Briannah on her morning training. That'll keep you up physically.
That, on the other hand, sounds very strenuous… but, you would have some decent motivation going out there… hmm…
>Then you'd have an excuse to race against each other every day as a challenge for her and maybe include another challenge of climbing a course of barricades and walls against you as well.
Hmm… you might be able to trick a few favors from her that way, yes…


>Excuse yourself, we need to put on some clothes.
:CainSB: I’ll give you your privacy, sir.
:BriannahSB:
:KronosSB: …well?
:BriannahSB: What? Can’t a lady enjoy the view of ‘er ‘usband to be dressing?
:KronosSB: …why would you even want to-
:BriannahSB: Because I’m a giant pervert and like to see yah in ye skivvies?
:KronosSB: … …I have no idea if you’re still messing with me or if you’re serious, either way, get out.
:BriannahSB: Aw, yah’re no fun~

>Ask why Cain brought it up? I mean unless the guy is coming here that information does seem a bit out of the blue.
:CainSB: Well, sir, two reasons really. First, it will give people something to talk about other than your new misadventure, sir, and second because he will soon be joining us here in the palace.
:KronosSB: He’s coming here? Hmm…
>Ask if he had any nicknames.
:BriannahSB: …that’s an odd thing to ask but… no, ‘e does not.
:KronosSB: I just wanted to know what I should call him…
>What made her brother want to become a priest?
:BriannahSB: ‘e’s always been very spiritual, believing there was something bigger than us out there. It wasn’t until just as the war ended and some of ye priest came over to our side ‘e started being interested in the five gods. Since then ‘e’s been working to join them completely.
>Why did he get promoted to such a high position so quickly, I mean is it another diplomatic thing?
:BriannahSB: Of course it’s a diplomatic thing. At least it’s not that ‘igh of rank… ‘e’s not a… um…
:CainSB: Bishop? Templar? Grand Cleric? Great Vicar?
:BriannahSB: Any of those.

>Ask Briannah if Belseth is the older or the middle brother.
:BriannahSB: Middle. The oldest is the one who will try for the imperial seat in the next voting.
>Heck, ask if he was involved in the war too, while we're at it.
:BriannahSB: Not really… ‘e was more of a scholar back then and didn’t ‘ave a lot to do with the war.
>Or if he ever spoke to Krotos.
:BriannahSB: Of course not.
:KronosSB: So… he didn’t affect the death of him?
:BriannahSB: How should ‘e? Well, ‘e did send ill tidings to the council before the attack, asking them to be careful because ‘e ‘ad a bad feeling about the whole thing, but I don’t believe they listened to ‘im.
>And what's Briannah's opinion of Belseth?
:BriannahSB: ‘e’s an arse.
:KronosSB: …I take it you don’t like him?
:BriannahSB: Let me put it this way. ‘e’s a bigger arse then I got.
:CainSB: So we should be prepared for an flood the next time he take a bath?
:BriannahSB: Ha, I’m clearly bigger than that, boy.
:CainSB: Of course you are…
>Ask what kind of meditation she does and when and where she picked it up from.
:BriannahSB: Normal meditation? Learned it from the army, really…

>For now, tell Briannah you've got a surprise for her. Let's go show her the new painting studio.
:BriannahSB: A surprise? For me? Oh, I’m excited!
:CainSB: Sir, might I recommend seeing the doctor first?
:KronosSB: Err… of course, right…

Apparently, according to the doctor there aren’t any more ill affects then the bruises you already had. They’ve already cleaned your system with magic and you’re fit as a fiddle. That means you’re free to show Briannah her new studio.

:BriannahSB: I LOVE IT!
:KronosSB: ARG! W-watch the bones…
:BriannahSB: I always wanted a place for myself like this… it’s really nice… and these brushes… and colors… all of it top notch!
:KronosSB: I’m g-glad you like it.
:BriannahSB: Ah, it’s perfect… now, I do ‘ave a surprise for yah too, but it’s not ready yet. Was saving it for later but I’ll guess I’ll show yah it later today.
:KronosSB: Really? Hmm… I wonder…
:BriannahSB: Now, if only I ‘ad something to… paint…
:KronosSB: Why are you looking at me like that?
:BriannahSB: …heh, I’ll use one of my favors now. Yah’ll be my next motif, Krono.
:KronosSB: …you want to paint me?
:BriannahSB: Naked.
:KronosSB: Wait, what!?
:BriannahSB: Oh, don’t be a baby. I’ll just paint yah with ye back towards me… and I’ll even let yah ‘ave a towel to cover ye front, eh?
:KronosSB: Err…
:BriannahSB: If yah do this, I’m sure yah can come up with a way to get back at me… yah do ‘ave a favor yourself, no?
:KronosSB: Um…

…why does your mind scream no while your loins yes?
>>
No. 656783 ID: 1cebc8

Belseth might be Illasia's champion and not the dragon. Doesn't matter; your enemy has a head start. You need to find the dragon, whoever they are. Start by asking Briannah about the church, Illasia in particular. You need moral codes for hacking with speechcraft and church schematics with likely patrol patterns.

Do you plan on rewriting the celestial government or would you rather tear down heaven and all six of its gods? The fate of a single story is always mutable once you add a single outside element.

For now, go visit your siblings and stuff. You'll need assets for this mission.
>>
No. 656787 ID: e114bc

>>656782
That's the lingering fear of being vulnerable in front of a Sakkilian. Do it! Overcome your insecurities.

Also,
>ill tidings
they totally listened to it. Probably put a couple extra guards there, and Krotos died because of it. That, or those involved reacted just a little faster than they would have without the advanced warning. Fate sometimes lies on a razor's edge, the smallest thing can swing events one way or the other...
>>
No. 656791 ID: 99cfa8

Right... Okay, as of now, we have exactly zero evidence that that whole Xuv thing was anything more than a vivid hallucination, so I'd forget it and concern yourself with more terrestrial things.
Like this modeling gig you've now got.
DO IT. She's got a point with the whole "get used to seeing each other nude" thing... And that aside, she's not going to really see anything except the massive scar Xuv left you, which makes it a fairly harmless way to use up one of your owed favors.
Besides, don't you want to see yourself in paint?
>>
No. 656794 ID: 43a3c0

I don't think you should use your favor to escape of this one. I am pretty sure she will be dissapointed, and that could make her next favor to be... worse.
>>
No. 656801 ID: 47c6e9

But... I... (Sigh) fine

This isn't to bad since she's actually letting you cover while she paints you, plus you could ask her a few things. Just for the love of all the gods LOCK THE DAMN DOOR. Last thing we need is someone to walk in while she's painting us.

As for things to ask, ask if any more of her family is showing up that we should know about, or if you're going to have to head back to her country any time soon. It's not that you mind... Much, but it is getting a little tiresome to keep having this crap sprung on you at the last minute.
>>
No. 656809 ID: ebcefd

> Xuv, Illasia
You know, is Illasia our enemy? I mean, sure Xuv doesn't like her but consider: If what Xuv said is true Illasia has been the most powerful being in the world for at least thousands of years. With all of that power and time, to our knowledge has she actually done anything particularly evil (such as demanding unquestioning obedience or death, commanding forced conversion or genocide of nonbelievers, inflicting curses for petty reasons, sending plagues, etc)? I mean, it seems that she did have a role in Krotos's death, but he was apparently fated to cause her death and warning people that he was going to betray them during parley (possibly using some sort of horrible forgotten magic) is a pretty non-evil way to kill someone.
>>
No. 656824 ID: e114bc

>>656809
Yeah, that's why we have to do research.
>>
No. 656844 ID: 334db2

Toga time. Tell her the 'nude' part of the request counts as a favor.
>>
No. 656849 ID: 350a50

Just go for it, live a little.
>>
No. 656857 ID: 77e1e0

>>656782
Go with it bird. It will take a favor off your shoulders at the very least.
Briannah may respect you slightly more for honoring it, as well.. just as refusing may disappoint her greatly.

Go ahead and listen to your loins.
>>
No. 656859 ID: c7ab9c

Just make sure not to get a boner while she draws your butt.
>>
No. 656875 ID: 825af6

>…why does your mind scream no while your loins yes?
'Cause your mind has a irrational fear of Sakkilians, while your loins see a towering figure of a woman with hips to die for and a derrière finer than any two-no, three Vark gals you've ever seen combined. And since you're looking to combat your fear, how 'bout enlisting your loins in this fight? Let 'em lead you to victory over your fears!

You'll accept. You just know she's going to see you naked eventually, so it may as well use up one of the favors you owe her. And you are kinda interested if she'll be able to do your handsome form justice on canvas.

Comment that this isn't the way you expected she'd first see you naked. You figured it'd be something mundane like her walking in on you while you were changing clothes or in the shower. This way is at least more interesting.

What pose does she have in mind for you to take? Standing? You'd think not 'cause the towel wouldn't stay up. So, sitting? Or lounging across a couch? That last pose is popular for nudes.

The thought crosses your mind to suggest that for another favor you'll let her paint you from the front, and for another two you'll drop the towel. But then you realize she'd take that offer in a heartbeat and you keep your mouth shut.

Oh, this also reminds you that you two are going to have to sit for an official portrait at some point. Probably before the wedding so it can be used in the ceremony decor. It's going to be boring to sit for, so we may as well get it over with sooner rather than later.

And for her future reference, could she be more careful about how she hugs you from now on. Not in the strength way but in the approach. You're still working through your fear of Sakkilians, so her suddenly grabbing you makes you tense up. As long as you can see it coming you can cope.

Does she want to start this painting today? 'Cause if she does you want to first get something from the library to read while she paints; Perhaps she could work you reading into the portrait. You'll see what you can find on the earliest history of the lands of Risavia and the ancient theology of the church. And ask S’bk’ta what the word is for the Hiver species in their native language, since you assume the word "Hiver" is so other species can have a easy to pronounce word.

>Hmm… you might be able to trick a few favors from her that way, yes…
And a additional way may be to challenge her to Speed Regicide. It's time limited turns are better suited to your aggressive play style is better suited than hers.

>...and second because he will soon be joining us here in the palace.
Wait... He's going to become a resident of the palace? Or take a position here? ...Perhaps he'll be replacing the chapel priest?

>So we should be prepared for an flood the next time he take a bath?
Ah, this reminds you that you didn't tell Briannah about the big bath down in the basement. You're certain she'd enjoy relaxing in the warm, bath salted water with a cup of tea as much as you do; More so since it'd sooth her war wounds. ...And you could peek in on her as she disrobes and steps in-NO! Bad loins! Don't be creepy!

>>656809
All good points. And to add to them: You only have Xuv's word on what happened and the reasons for it. For all you know what really happened was the Five banded together to put Xuv down that hole after she fucked the Old Empire to ruin. And that she's pulling a con to set in motion events that'll lead to her sister's downfall and her being freed. A con she's had thousands of years, divine power and view of the Web of Fate to rehearse for and make sound good. And when it comes down to it you have no unbiased sources to check out Xuv's claims, and you don't have any reason to trust her word, so why do her will?

You will still do research to try and piece things together, but it'll be for your own personal curiosity foremost. And you'll go in knowing that everything you read or find will be biased one way or another.
>>
No. 656878 ID: ea0ad9

>…why does your mind scream no while your loins yes?
Because your mind screams NUDITY IS SUBMISSION AND YOU'RE TURNING YOUR BACK ON A SALIKAI, while your loins scream OH YEAH THIS IS AN AWESOME WAY TO GET OUT OF ONE OF THOSE FAVORS AND YOU WILL GET TO IMPRESS THIS BIG BOOTIE BABE WITH YOUR OWN LARGENESS.

...Ignore that last part of what your loins are screaming, go for it for the first part instead.
>>
No. 656892 ID: 6d4595

As a bit of an extra reason to not try to use your favor to get out of doing this, there's a pretty good chance she'd just use her second favor to get you to do it anyway.
>>
No. 656951 ID: 65a774
File 143732807454.png - (34.30KB , 684x524 , 70Butt!.png )
656951

[Warning, blatant fan service ahead!]

>They totally listened to it. Probably put a couple extra guards there, and Krotos died because of it.
It’s possible that something changed thanks to his actions, yes…
>If what Xuv said is true Illasia has been the most powerful being in the world for at least thousands of years.
In the world? Probably not, no. There are a lot of other gods out there, not just the five. No matter what the priest tells us about pagan gods being evil spirit and stuff, you can’t ignore the wonders they do out in the world. You’re just lucky you got gods of your own to protect you.
>to our knowledge has she actually done anything particularly evil?
Thinking back, there was the old crusades… and the massive knowledge burning a few hundred years ago… and it wasn’t that long ago a plague ravaged the land, but you’re not sure it got anything to do with her…
>You only have Xuv's word on what happened and the reasons for it.
And Xuv isn’t the most trustworthy of people…
>Do you plan on rewriting the celestial government or would you rather tear down heaven and all six of its gods?
Let’s focus on the here and now before thinking about something as big as… that…
>Go visit your siblings and stuff.
Your siblings will be returning here soon enough… at least, you know your oldest brother will. You sister is probably too busy actually running this kingdom to come.

>That's the lingering fear of being vulnerable in front of a Sakkilian. Do it! Overcome your insecurities.
Fighting fear with nudity is… something new, to say the least.
>Since you're looking to combat your fear, how 'bout enlisting your loins in this fight? Let 'em lead you to victory over your fears!
…you have to admit, you’re starting to question why your heart starts beating twice as fast every time you’re near her…
>Besides, don't you want to see yourself in paint?
You rather see yourself in a bit more classy position…


>Go ahead and listen to your loins.
:KronosSB: …ngg… fine, I’ll do it. You win.
:BriannahSB: Yay.
>Does she want to start this painting today?
:BriannahSB: Of course! Why not right now? It will only take an ‘our or two.
:KronosSB: Well, I’m a bit peckish… and I really need to research some things… so maybe-
:CainSB: Do not worry, sir, I can make you a light lunch and get those books for you. In fact, I can get a light lunch for the both of you.
:BriannahSB: That would be nice, Cain.
:KronosSB: …yeah, thanks Cain…
:CainSB: Do not mention it, sir…
>LOCK THE DAMN DOOR.
:KronosSB: Oh, and lock the door, will you? I rather not have my father walk in on us half way…
:BriannahSB: While that would be ‘ilarious, I rather ‘ave some privacy. I’ll make sure only Cain walks in and out of that door while we’re painting.

>What pose does she have in mind for you to take? Standing? Sitting? Or lounging across a couch?
:BriannahSB: Hmm… see those pillows over there? That would make a nice spot. Just sit down and I’ll direct yah into the right pose- … … … - and look back a bit… there, perfect! I do ‘ope I can capture that grumpy look on ye face too! It’s so cute!
>Comment that this isn't the way you expected she'd first see you naked.
:BriannahSB: …and when did yah expect me to see ye bum?
:KronosSB: Well, I expected you to walk in on me when I was in the showers or changing or something…
:BriannahSB: Well, I ‘aven’t seen ye prick yet, so I can make sure to peek next time yah’re in the shower, if ye want.
:KronosSB: …nnnno, that’s fine, really…
>For her future reference, could she be more careful about how she hugs you from now on.
:BriannahSB: Don’t worry, I’ll wont squeeze to ‘ard.
:KronosSB: It was more about the sudden intrusion. I’m still a bit… jumpy around Sakkilians…
:BriannahSB: Ah, I see… I’ll warn yah next time, then. Yah are free to ‘ug me whenever yah like, though.
>ask if any more of her family is showing up that we should know about, or if you're going to have to head back to her country any time soon.
:BriannahSB: Not that I ‘now of, no. We’ll probably ‘ead back to the Empire before the wedding, but that’s months from now.
>Ah, this reminds you that you didn't tell Briannah about the big bath down in the basement.
:BriannahSB: A big bath? Ah, I’m looking forward to it already! Does it fit many?
:KronosSB: Of course. It’s designed to be used for swimming, after all.
:BriannahSB: Sweet. Then I’ll need to use it soon.

>...And you could peek in on her as she disrobes and steps in…

>Just make sure not to get a boner while she draws your butt.
:BriannahSB: I’m sure it would be lovely place to share a glass of wine, eh? Just the two of us, alone down there?
:KronosSB: (…must… resist… dirty thoughts…)
:CainSB: The books you requested, sir?
:KronosSB: Oh, thank the gods!


>See what you can find on the earliest history of the lands of Risavia.
Hmm… it’s hard to find anything that wasn’t written from myths and legends. Apparently, most books about the subject were burned in one of the holy fires a few hundred years ago…
>Find out what the races used to be called in ancient times.
You can find several references to Varkians being “Highborn”, but not much else…
>Ask S’bk’ta what the word is for the Hiver species in their native language.
:CainSB: I believe it was something like… *Cough* Krrrkkklickely.
:KronosSB: No screeching?
:CainSB: No, sir.
>The ancient theology of the church.
No mentions of a sixth god… but there are mentions of an evil demon of death that was cast down by the five into the depths of the earth… Hmm, there are also mentions that the five gods used to share temples, and that it’s not like it is today, what with Illasia having her own temples.
>find any mention of a "Dragon".
You find a lot of information about dragons, but not a “Dragon”.
>Maybe also find out why the sixth corridor is bricked up and the life/light corridor has a locked door.
There are no mentions about a sixth corridor being bricked up. In fact, there are supposedly only five corridors down there… where did the last one come from? As for the life one, it supposedly goes directly to a chamber under the temple, so you were right about your estimate of its location.
>Find information about the church, Illasia in particular.
…while you’ve never been a religious person, you have to notice something peculiar reading these old religious documents. The further back you go, the more they mention all five gods as equals, while today Illasia is the greatest of the five. In fact, it seems like she gets connected with more and more aspects while the elemental gods gets less and less… there has to be something odd about that.

:CainSB: Oh, and sir? Seeing as you’ve gained an interest in history, why not asks the head gardener about it? Being an elemental, it is a few hundred years old as of today.
:KronosSB: …I keep forgetting how old those things can become.

:BriannahSB: There… I’m almost done… so, what is yah thinking of ‘aving me doing with that favor of yours, eh? I’m sure yah’ve come up with something interesting while sitting all bare like that…
>>
No. 656956 ID: e114bc

>>656951
How about: tell me why my brother was buried in an unmarked grave.
>>
No. 656958 ID: 9ddf68

>so, what is yah thinking of ‘aving me doing with that favor of yours, eh? I’m sure yah’ve come up with something interesting while sitting all bare like that…
Thinking of holding on to it until the right opportunity presents itself. I unlike yourself only have 1 favor and would like to use it wisely. I mean you only used 1 of yours when you found out about this room. But I have to ask, why are you so eager to for me to use up my favor so quickly, hoping I'll return the favor and paint you next? Or simply trying to get me to burn my favor on something that you wouldn't find too embarrassing?

But yeah, things to do after we're done here. Track down the gardner and see how much the church has changed over time, actually sneak down into your father personal booze stash and get the bottle you promised Cain for throwing a shoe at him the other morning, try and hang out with your future wife some more. At the very least point out some of the clubs and groups around the castle so she can pick and choose which ones she wants to join if for no other reason then to have something to do.

Oh and before you do any of that go the the guy you gave your brother's gun to and get that back. You still al