[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 625555)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 41599 unique user posts. View catalog

File 142430121349.png - (6.50KB , 900x450 , 1.png )
625555 No. 625555 ID: 65a774

Old threads and Wiki: http://tgchan.org/wiki/Rust
Discussion: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/56976.html

“A Feast to remember.”
Expand all images
>>
No. 625556 ID: 65a774
File 142430124474.png - (16.57KB , 900x450 , 2.png )
625556

:DaithiNUM: Ugh… where am I?
:CedricNUM: Oh, you’re waking up! Good!
:DaithiNUM: W-what happen?
:CedricNUM: I dragged you out from the forest, remember? You drank too much on that date with Atena, right?
:DaithiNUM: …I did?
>>
No. 625558 ID: dbe554

You had one nightmare where you encountered your inner demon self and saw the Deciever and her HORRIBLE GIANT FOUR RED EYES THE SIZE OF PEOPLE and then called her mother.

And then J Jonah Jameson wanted to kill the spiderman...It was a trippy night.
>>
No. 625559 ID: 6e79d4

I don't remember it happening like that at all. I think you were attacked, and then there was a floating skull who is your daemonic half, and then there were some gigantic eyes and you blacked out.

So yeah, that's a perfectly rational explanation. How are you feeling?
>>
No. 625561 ID: 330ce5

I think somebody was possibly eaten. Other than that the night was fine we met lots of new errr 'people' last night too.
>>
No. 625562 ID: d958ad

>>625556
Hmm. Ask Cedric if there was anyone nearby where you were passed out.
[@White: Did Daithi eat her or not? Something... happened because he couldn't decide.]
>>
No. 625581 ID: ea0ad9

>>625562
I'm not even sure if anything even happened to start with? I mean, it was "Neat" when it did happen, so I dunno what to say about it not happening.
[Message White: Dreams, corruption, purification... That what happens to our host also happens to us is really hurting our ability to know what just happened.]
[Scan those present]
>>
No. 625586 ID: 5e00ee

Hey there demon spawn how you doing? Hungry? Hungover? Also your naked, let's hope no one else helped you get that way.
>>
No. 625626 ID: 65a774
File 142435948396.png - (14.74KB , 900x450 , 3.png )
625626

>[Scan those present]
[“The magician” status: Nauseated.]
[“The Moon” belongs to player White!]
>[Message White: Dreams, corruption, purification... That what happens to our host also happens to us is really hurting our ability to know what just happened.]
[White: …I don’t really know what happened to you either. You sent me some weird messages and when I found you in the forest your king was unconscious with you nowhere to be seen.]
>[@White: Did Daithi eat her or not? Something... happened because he couldn't decide.]
[White: Eat who? He was alone out there? And what do you mean eat? …wait, do you mean eat out… and Atena? You know what, I don’t want to know anymore…]

>Hey there demon spawn how you doing?
…demon spawn? I… huh… I remember something about that, yes… please don’t call me that…
>Also your naked, let's hope no one else helped you get that way.
I’m wearing my underwear…
>I don't remember it happening like that at all. I think you were attacked, and then there was a floating skull who is your daemonic half, and then there were some gigantic eyes and you blacked out.
… … …it’s sound really weird, doesn’t it? I remember… I remember the skull snake… and running into the forest… and that bully… and… and… and a hunger…
>Ask Cedric if there was anyone nearby where you were passed out.
:CedricNUM: Not what I saw, no. You were the only one out there, boss. Now, are you feeling alright?
:DaithiNUM: I’m a bit… I’m feeling a bit sick…
:CedricNUM: Well, then take it a bit easy. How about I leave and let you get dressed in peace?
:DaithiNUM: That would be nice…
:CedricNUM: Oh, and don’t forget, Lucrais is still here… and those weird aliens too… just so you know.
:DaithiNUM: O-of course…

>I think somebody was possibly eaten.
…I… I… I can remember wanting to… but… I… didn’t, right? I didn’t- ugh, I think I’m going to-
>>
No. 625627 ID: 65a774
File 142435949244.png - (15.08KB , 900x450 , 4.png )
625627

:DaithiNUM: *Barf* Urg… *cough*… the hell… … …what is that… how… how did that thing even fit my mouth!? Urg…
>>
No. 625629 ID: 320fca

Is....is that an abdominal plate? Like female mantis students wear?

Well.... fuck. Youuuuu better hide it. As quikly as your able
>>
No. 625631 ID: 330ce5

Might want clean that up before you go anywhere. Clean up the slime and then just throw that piece of metal on to the top bunk.
>>
No. 625638 ID: ea0ad9

>You sent me some weird messages and when I found you in the forest your king was unconscious with you nowhere to be seen.
[Message White: The forest, I remember, though I don't think Lucrais was there... When we were taken to somebody else, we were given the impression that a female Mantis was found in "The forest," eaten. Of course, "The" forest might have referred to another forest entirely, and implications aren't always true, anyways.
That, and Daithi is plagued by the Deciever. For all we know, she could have played a hand in some of the supposed drunken hallucinations. Unless we hear something to suggest otherwise, I'll just assume that's all it was, hallucinations.]
>>
No. 625646 ID: 6e79d4

Well shit.

Okay, we can work through this. Nobody knows, not even White and Ced, and we were practically narrating what was happening in real time. Any evidence you can't keep down we'll need to hide and eventually destroy. Is there anything you have to do today, like class?
Also, you should probably apologize to Atena at some point.
>>
No. 625648 ID: 9ddf68

...well...shit. you might want to hide that for now.
>>
No. 625651 ID: 65a774
File 142437823282.png - (15.01KB , 900x450 , 5.png )
625651

>Is there anything you have to do today, like class?
It’s s-Saturday…
>Also, you should probably apologize to Atena at some point.
…yeah… I kind of b-blew it, didn’t I? The date started so well…
>Is....is that an abdominal plate? Like female mantis students wear?
… …i-it does… but why would I… oh… OH… OH NO! I DIDN’T- NO! I DID NOT… I… by Jove… I… I… I’m a monster!

>Might want clean that up before you go anywhere.
YOU T-THINK!?
>Okay, we can work through this. Nobody knows, not even White and Ced, and we were practically narrating what was happening in real time.
Yes, no one can know about this! This didn’t happen! If anyone finds out they’ll freaking burn me like the monster I am…
>Just throw that piece of metal on to the top bunk.
What!? No, someone can find it there! I need to hide this piece of corroded metal somewhere where no one will find it!

>Any evidence you can't keep down we'll need to hide and eventually destroy.
I… I need to remove any evidence, yes… If anyone finds out… if… I need to remove them too… no, that’s… urgh… WHY DID THIS HAPPEN TO-
:LucraisNUM: You awake in there Dai?
:DaithiNUM: Err… yeah, I’m up?
:LucraisNUM: Can you come out here and ask this perverted alien to stop trying to peek on me in the shower!?
:DaithiNUM: Huh? Wait, is Lucius trying to-
:LucraisNUM: Not Lucius. I’m talking about the plant.
:WandererNUM: Thii oonee oonlyy waaant tooo undeeraand maaantiiid…
:LucraisNUM: Then go read a book about it or something… geez… oh, and Dai? Don’t forget our date tonight.
:DaithiNUM: Oh, right… …wait, what date? Lu? What date? … …Lucrais?
>>
No. 625653 ID: 9ddf68

yeah I believed you agreed to a date with Lucrais the day after your date with Atena... or maybe that was us, yeah... no. Pretty sure that was you. Oh well perfect alibi. just dump that thing off while you go into town to get Lucrais a gift... speaking of which you got money or do we need to mooch off your mom?

But yeah calm down. Your not a monster, we've met monsters. Hell in the north we're fighting undead, deamons who found a way to give themselves physical forms, and a ghost who poisoned his brothers wife and blamed it one the brother for not worshipping the gods enough. Out of the three the ghost dick is the worse and we're trying to sue for peace with the deamons and if we can do that then the undead should quite down. With all that you're just a kid who had a bad day. You are still you and don't even think otherwise. Otherwise you panic, fuck up, and make things worse and that takes you down a spiral that is better left avoided.
>>
No. 625657 ID: ea0ad9

[Message Purple: Well, we're up and about now... Saw some pretty crazy things through Daithi's drunken stupor, so, uh, if anything major ended up happening, let us know, yeah?]
Purple and White will let us know if anything comes up, but for now, for all we know it could have been drunken stupor then, and a hallucination now.
Still, hide that thing just in case, then go tell the plant that the three local races prefer to keep certain parts of them hidden at all times. You've, uh, got some magazines you can show him, right? You can point out the spots!
>>
No. 625665 ID: d958ad

>>625651
Hmm. Interesting. We actually told White what was going on, last night, but she doesn't remember it. I bet The Deceiver removed her memory of it.

Bury the butt-plate. Climb out your window and bury it nearby. That, or you could put it under your mattress and pretend it's a sort of masturbation aid.
>>
No. 625683 ID: 330ce5

Why are you so worried about this piece of metal? It came out of your mouth but who is going to look at that and think, 'that looks like murder evidence he must of killed her'? If you don't treat the plate like it is something important then no one else will. So just put it somewhere where you feel it won't draw attention and leave it be until you can trash it.
>>
No. 625685 ID: 6e79d4

> I… I’m a monster!
Cease that line of thinking this instant. Choices make monsters, and the way you were attacked left you with no choice- no different from when those cultists attacked.

Hide the plate behind your desk for now. You'll have to throw it into a body of water somewhere. Or perhaps one of the aliens knows how to destroy it.

Are you sure you made a date?
>>
No. 625813 ID: 65a774
File 142446031167.png - (15.06KB , 900x450 , 6.png )
625813

>[Message Purple: Well, we're up and about now... Saw some pretty crazy things through Daithi's drunken stupor, so, uh, if anything major ended up happening, let us know, yeah?]
[Purple: Well, I’ve gotten reports about an undead roaming around the city, asking odd questions. Oh, and Ealasaid has put up a bounty on some strange cyan stones. According to her they belong to the Imperial throne.]

>Cease that line of thinking this instant. Choices make monsters, and the way you were attacked left you with no choice- no different from when those cultists attacked.
…She was dying, wasn’t she? She was bleed- wait…. Wait…. I remember her bleeding… and that I used my gloves too… but… but why are my gloves clean!?
>Hmm. Interesting. We actually told White what was going on, last night, but she doesn't remember it. I bet The Deceiver removed her memory of it.
…you did? But she doesn’t remember? I wonder if Atena remembers…?
>Go tell the plant that the three local races prefer to keep certain parts of them hidden at all times.
I’m pretty sure I can make Lucius tell it about common decency.
>You've, uh, got some magazines you can show him, right? You can point out the spots!
Yeah, no, I’m not going over the bees and the flowers to a plant alien… especially by showing of my porn mags. Those are private, geez…

>Bury the butt-plate. Climb out your window and bury it nearby.
Someone is bound to see me or notice the newly upturned dirt… no, there got to be a better way.
>That, or you could put it under your mattress and pretend it's a sort of masturbation aid.
… … …
>Why are you so worried about this piece of metal? It came out of your mouth but who is going to look at that and think, 'that looks like murder evidence he must of killed her'?
…Maybe you’re right, it’s just a piece of corroded metal after all…
>Still, hide that thing just in case.
…but I should still hide it. I’ll put it behind the desk for now.
>yeah I believed you agreed to a date with Lucrais the day after your date with Atena... or maybe that was us, yeah... no. Pretty sure that was you.
We talked about a date, yes, but I can’t remember saying yes… either way, it might be fun.
>go into town and get Lucrais a gift...
Hmm… what do you buy to someone like Lu?
>Speaking of which you got money or do we need to mooch off your mom?
I got some crows lying around, don’t worry. I’m not dirt poor or anything.

:LucraisNUM: …are you alright?
:DaithiNUM: AH!? Oh, Lu!? I… err… I was just…
:LucraisNUM: Why were you staring at your gloves? Something the matter?
:DaithiNUM: No, it’s just… err… I… I’m… I’m just… a bit… … … …peckish…
:LucraisNUM: … … …Dai? Why are you staring?
:DaithiNUM: (… … …why do I think she looks delicious?)
>>
No. 625825 ID: d958ad

>>625813
Tell her she looks good. Also dammit it sounds like you're still hungry. Try to stop staring at her, Daithi. You're drooling. We're gonna have to figure out a way to get you regular meals without moral dilemma.
>>
No. 625828 ID: 9ddf68

>Dai? Why are you staring?
tell her you're trying to think of a good place for your date later tonight. Oh and ask her what she can remember last night. tell her what you remember last night is a little fuzzy but you think you can recall something important happening.

Also stop staring and learn some self control. It's a weekend so that gives us all day to figure things out. We can help while you do whatever you plan on doing today. Also what do you know that Lucrais likes? could help with find a place to take her tonight.
>>
No. 625831 ID: 6e79d4

> but… but why are my gloves clean!?
This isn't all a dream world concocted by the deceiver, right? Are you sure they're your gloves, or there's no way you could have cleaned them off? I noticed that your puke disappeared relatively quickly, can you explain that too?

Daemons feed on emotion, Lu is a very emotional girl, ergo she makes the daemon part of you hungry. Anyway stop that.
>>
No. 625832 ID: ea0ad9

>Ealasaid has put up a bounty on some strange cyan stones. According to her they belong to the Imperial throne.
[@Purple: Black's making his move, huh? It won't be good if Black gets ahold of them, but as long as he doesn't get all of them, there will be a chance to steal them. There are three ways those stones can be used, once gathered all together, two of which are bad for us.]
>…Dai? Why are you staring?
Clearly, Dai needs breakfast. You still feeling craving for a boatload of raw meat or is it just regular hunger now?
[@White: Nevermind who "Her" is. Was there any actual talk about "unusual" forms of food last night? I remember talk about us having some corruption, so I don't know what all happened from your point of view.]
>>
No. 625843 ID: 330ce5
625843

People are friends not food. If you are going to eat anyone eat your enemies.
>>
No. 625876 ID: 65a774
File 142448018149.png - (14.93KB , 900x450 , 7.png )
625876

>[@Purple: Black's making his move, huh? It won't be good if Black gets ahold of them, but as long as he doesn't get all of them, there will be a chance to steal them.]
[Purple: Indeed, we should keep those things away from her if we can.]
>[@White: Nevermind who "Her" is. Was there any actual talk about "unusual" forms of food last night?]
[White: …food? I can’t say I’ve heard anything about unusual food?]

>People are friends not food. If you are going to eat anyone eat your enemies.
She is not food! She does not belong in your tummy! She is a friend! Don’t eat your friends, Dai! DON’T! GAH!
>Try to stop staring at her, Daithi. You're drooling.
Avert your gaze, dammit! Turn around and look at the ceiling! Think clean thoughts! CLEAN THOUGHTS! She is not meat!
>Are you sure they're your gloves, or there's no way you could have cleaned them off?
They look just like my gloves! …and I’m pretty sure they would have been miss colored even if someone washed them…
>I noticed that your puke disappeared relatively quickly, can you explain that too?
…err… it’s called cleaning up?

>Tell her she looks good.
:DaithiNUM: Err… it’s just… um… I was capitated by your wondrous beauty, Lu…
:LucraisNUM: W-w-wha- where d-did that come from!?
>Tell her you're trying to think of a good place for your date later tonight.
:LucraisNUM: …I already got a plan for us tonight. Geez, since when are the boys supposed to take the lady out? Stupid human and lizard culture, muddling up gender roles…
>Oh and ask her what she can remember last night.
:LucraisNUM: From last night? Well, I remember that you were rather out of it when Cedric came back with you, if that’s what you’re wondering.

>Clearly, Dai needs breakfast.
:DaithiNUM: I’m kind of… err… starving… we don’t happened to have any… um… cereal or something?
:LucraisNUM: We got an extra serving of breakfast from the kitchens, just for you.
>You still feeling craving for a boatload of raw meat or is it just regular hunger now?
I want that big abdomen of hers to wriggle as I consume her who- GAH! Stop! No! Bad Daithi! Stop thinking about eating people! STOP! I… I… I’m not going to be able to control myself! I need to feed! I NEED FLESH!
:LucraisNUM: Are you sure you’re alright? You’re acting a bit strange…
:DaithiNUM: Devour her luscious corpuscles!
:LucraisNUM: … … …okay… Should I get someone to help?
>>
No. 625877 ID: ce3b31

>>625876

>mantis
>guy wants to eat the girl

i think maybe the date thing isn't the only way your gender roles are messed up there dude
>>
No. 625878 ID: d958ad

>>625876
Um, you can still explain it as you're hallucinating a little. Oh. Maybe you should talk to your (mantis) mother? If anyone can be trusted with this knowledge, it's her.

You may also try asking Arthur or Nickolas about what demons eat.
>>
No. 625880 ID: 6e79d4

[scan pawns]
Wait, shouldn't Lu be hearing us?
>>
No. 625882 ID: ea0ad9

>[White: …food? I can’t say I’ve heard anything about unusual food?]
[@White: That's good, that means it must have been a dream.
>Devour her luscious corpuscles!
...Oh damn it all. That being a dream doesn't stop the Daemons' influence from tricking Daithi into believing things, though. We may need to get him to see his therapist, quickly. I'll ask Purple if he's free, but if he isn't we may need Cedric to keep an eye on Daithi.]
[@Purple: You wouldn't happen to have a chance to get Daithi's therapist over, would you? He's having a... Scenario? Is that the word for it? Whatever the word is, he definitely needs to talk it over with a professional.]
Daithi, calm down. Start talking things over. Not just what you shouldn't do, but what it is you have done, that you know you have done, and what kind of person you are. Keep your mind on who Daithi is, not who Diligent might be.
>>
No. 625883 ID: ea0ad9

>>625882
To be clear: I don't believe it was "just a dream," but it's best to keep it sounding like that for the sake of everybody else.
>>
No. 626001 ID: 65a774
File 142454146456.png - (17.26KB , 900x450 , 8.png )
626001

>[scan pawns].
[“The magician” status: Starving. “The Tower” Status: Worried.]

>[@White: That's good, that means it must have been a dream.]
[White: …what have you been dreaming? You seem rather worked up about something…]
>[...Oh damn it all. That being a dream doesn't stop the Daemons' influence from tricking Daithi into believing things, though.]
[Wait, Daemon influence!? Tricking Daithi? What’s going on!? What’s wrong with Daithi!?]

>I think maybe the date thing isn't the only way your gender roles are messed up there dude.
Hey, Mantis females eating males are just a myth! …and stop talking about eating people! It’s not helping!
>Oh. Maybe you should talk to your (mantis) mother? If anyone can be trusted with this knowledge, it's her.
Mom? I… but… I don’t know how she can help… I need a way to control and feed this… this urge, not a shoulder to cry on… and… and what if I try to eat her too!?
>You may also try asking Arthur or Nickolas about what demons eat.
…as long as they don’t know about… about what’s happening to me… I don’t know what they would do if they did…
>Maybe talk to your therapist?
My therapist!? No, I don’t want to talk to her. She can’t help with this… this… this is something else. This isn’t some kind of mental sickness… it’s…. I don’t know… I think I need to talk to someone that knows about demons, not psychology.

>Wait, shouldn't Lu be hearing us?
:LucraisNUM: Huh? Who- oh, right, the voices. Yeah, I can hear you. What’s up? Is Daithi alright?
:DaithiNUM: I-I’m fine…
:LucraisNUM: …Maybe you need a moment? Here, I’ll just leave your breakfast here for you to eat.
:DaithiNUM: Thanks… hey, can you find Arthur and Nickolas for me?
:LucraisNUM: I can try. Meanwhile, why don’t you sit down, eat and a calm yourself a bit? You’re a bit… um… stressed out.
:DaithiNUM:
>>
No. 626005 ID: ea0ad9

>I can try. Meanwhile, why don’t you sit down, eat and a calm yourself a bit? You’re a bit… um… stressed out.
Thank you, Lucrais. We'll try and work through this.

Try not to use anything stronger than what people would expect you to be able to use, Daithi, that way you shouldn't end up getting too hungry all at once. Attending rallies and meets should help you with getting plenty of emotion, but other than that, you may just have to seek out cultists.
...Say, is there something golden in the floor under you? Might just be the room below, somebody holding a lantern up high or something, of course.
>[Wait, Daemon influence!? Tricking Daithi? What’s going on!? What’s wrong with Daithi!?]
[Reply: I am not so certain whether we were dreaming or not, myself. Daithi will need to hunt down Cultists, and doing that alone won't be so... effective. You have been working on Holy powers, though, so Cedric will likely be of great help, if you would be willing--It seems the Daemons have been draining Daithi of energy, and only by delivering a substitute will they be willing, or even able, to stop. I do not, of course, wish to deliver any sane, still-qualifies-as-living person, which is why I think it best to hunt cultists.]
>>
No. 626009 ID: 9ddf68

relax daithi, I know this is a bit hard now but it's only because it's new to you and you don't know how handle the sudden change. Besides, you're not alone and we're here to help. Also try the cereal, might help might not but until you try we don't know.

Lucrais, daithi is just recovering from last night and is remembering things that are bugging the hell out of him right now. If you're curious no he's not mad at you or with you just mad about something he did last night. just give him some time and he'll calm down.
>>
No. 626012 ID: 6e79d4

>What’s wrong with Daithi!?
[message white: The deceiver has been Manipulating what Dai hears his entire life- up until recently he was under the impression everyone hated him... Did we not explain that before now? ]
Thanks Lu, he just needs a minute.
...
Okay, something's screwy. Between literally all our allies suddenly not hearing or seeing anything off, huge inconsistencies in the events of last night including the lack of blood on your gloves, us suddenly only having you and lucrais as pawns, Lucrais not hearing us dispite being our pawn, and the fact that a goddamn abdomen-plate managed to fit down your gob, I'm starting to question reality. Everything's all right superficially, but it's not all there, like a shape-changer.
>>
No. 626014 ID: d958ad

>>626005
I don't want to send that message, it's too easily verified as false.

>>626001
Let her go, Daithi. Don't even look at her. Look at the tray.
>>
No. 626015 ID: eb959a

The easies way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it.

>>626012
Or we're unconscious and someone's trying to keep us in a fake reality. I hope not, shit will get Inception-y way to quickly.
Wait where's our snaky demonic half? Shouldn't we be able to communicate?
>>
No. 626019 ID: 65a774
File 142455822372.png - (15.21KB , 900x450 , 9.png )
626019

>[message white: The deceiver has been Manipulating what Dai hears his entire life- up until recently he was under the impression everyone hated him... Did we not explain that before now? ]
[White: You did mention something like that, yes... But I was under impression that those manipulations were a bit more... well, subtle.]

>Thank you, Lucrais. We'll try and work through this.
:LucraisNUM: Just… get better, Dai.
:DaithiNUM: I will, Lu…
>Let her go, Daithi. Don't even look at her. Look at the tray.
… … …

>Relax daithi, I know this is a bit hard now but it's only because it's new to you and you don't know how handle the sudden change.
I don’t think I can ever grow accustomed to having the freaking urge to eat people!
>Try not to use anything stronger than what people would expect you to be able to use, Daithi, that way you shouldn't end up getting too hungry all at once.
Stronger what? I don’t really… wait, if I’m supposedly some kind of… do I have special abilities?
>The easies way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it.
…I’m not going to eat someone… no, never!
>Attending rallies and meets should help you with getting plenty of emotion, but other than that, you may just have to seek out cultists.
…but… a cultist? Yeah… maybe someone that is… well… someone that will die and… hmm…

>Try the cereal, might help.
:DaithiNUM: *Grk!* Urk, *cough*Cough!* ugh… i-it’s v-vile… I don’t t-think I can eat it… but it doesn’t seem… why does it taste so vile?
>Wait where's our snaky demonic half? Shouldn't we be able to communicate?
:DilligentNUM: I have a name, you know…
:DaithiNUM: Oh, great, so it wasn’t a dream…
:DilligentNUM: Doesn’t seem that way, does it?
>Okay, something's screwy.
:DilligentNUM: As far as I can tell, this is reality.
:DaithiNUM: …then what happened last night? Why aren’t my gloves bloody?
:DilligentNUM: Well… um… I don’t think she was actually bleeding yesterday…
:DaithiNUM: …what?
:DilligentNUM: I think mother wanted you to eat her… and she is the mistress of lies…
:DaithiNUM: … …oh gods… I ate her even when she wasn’t… it was an illusion!?
:DilligentNUM: Possibly… you did definitely ate her, though… and… um… you did kind of enjoy it… a lot.
:DaithiNUM: A lot?
:DilligentNUM: You almost had to clean you underwear af-
:DaithiNUM: WHAT!? No, I… I didn’t… No, no, no! I’m not some kind of- I’m not attracted- No… just… just no…
:DilligentNUM: Sorry…

[White: Hey, just so you know, Atena is on her way up… she seemed a bit… um… worked up about something…]
>>
No. 626027 ID: 028819

hoo boy this is going to take a lot of work isn't it? Oh and Daithi, not to be a jerk but you should probably stop freaking out for the moment, Atena is about to come in.

Oh and uh, Diligent. Is deamon mom watching us right now and when are we going to met her?
>>
No. 626032 ID: d958ad

>>626019
God damn it, I just realized... you just ate yesterday and now you're starving again. This is not going to work, we need a better solution. ...Daithi, you should know, you will eventually make your way to the frozen northlands. We saw you in full-blown Daemon form in a vision, doing something with some sort of giant crystal orb. We don't know what you're doing there yet. When you get there, we will have another King there. He is the ghost of an incredibly powerful warrior from the past, called Bradford. We may eventually meet up with you. When you get there, if possible I would like you to try to convince the rebel daemons that we are telling the truth and wish to negotiate the freedom and survival of all daemons. You will be in a unique position to do so, being kin.

Atena is on her way. Lock your door and talk to her through it. Tell her you're not feeling well. This will keep you from having to look at her and be tempted.
>>
No. 626042 ID: ea0ad9

>Atena is on her way up… she seemed a bit… um… worked up about something…
[Reply: Apparently, it was less us dreaming, and more you... being less awake, now? I worry it may be something we did by accident, which is a horrible thought; I don't want to be erasing our friend's memories! I think Atena might actually remember what happened, though, unless she only remembers the same "strange bits" that you were able to... Oh god, that's not good either.]
>>
No. 626048 ID: d958ad

>>626042
Pls no.
>>
No. 626051 ID: 6e79d4

>wait, if I’m supposedly some kind of… do I have special abilities?
Be careful, you're running on empty right now and our presence means you're more powerful than usual. You could easily burn yourself out.
>…but… a cultist? Yeah… maybe someone that is… well… someone that will die and… hmm…
Someone that will kill others If you don't stop them first. We'll take the highest moral ground we can get.

White just gave us a heads up, Atena is on her way. Just remember what urges to expect and prepare yourself.
>>
No. 626127 ID: ea0ad9

>>626048
White already accepted things, but we can't just leave her clueless simply because she lost her memory before.
>>
No. 626128 ID: d958ad

>>626127
She'll just get her memory eaten again, and the way you're describing it sounds really suspicious anyway. Also, Daithi is close to losing control and acting like it, so white might (justifiably) get cagey and split.
>>
No. 626154 ID: 65a774
File 142463277416.png - (15.50KB , 900x450 , 10.png )
626154

>hoo boy this is going to take a lot of work isn't it?
I’m a freaking demon spawn! Of course we’re not going to solve that in an afternoon!
>God damn it, I just realized... you just ate yesterday and now you're starving again.
I… but… how much energy does this body need!? I’ve already ate someone that was way bigger than me and… that doesn’t even make sense, does it!?
>Be careful, you're running on empty right now and our presence means you're more powerful than usual. You could easily burn yourself out.
But if I need to know what I can do so I don’t… um… accidently do something…
>Someone that will kill others If you don't stop them first. We'll take the highest moral ground we can get.
Yes, I can use it as a weapon… that… that’s the only way… I need to find someone to fight… I need to find a demon.
>...Daithi, you should know, you will eventually make your way to the frozen northlands.
Wait, what? I will? When? Why? How?

>Oh and uh, Diligent. Is deamon mom watching us right now and when are we going to meet her?
:DilligentNUM: I have no idea, sorry. It’s possible she’s watching, yeah… she usually is… we’re her beloved son, after all.
>White just gave us a heads up, Atena is on her way. Just remember what urges to expect and prepare yourself.
Gah, ATENA!? I… but… I tried to freaking eat her last night! Oh gods… she’s coming to arrest me, isn’t she!? I’m a freaking murderer after all!
>Lock your door and talk to her through it. Tell her you're not feeling well.
The door doesn’t have a lock! …Maybe I can barricade it? …but it opens outwards and-
*Knock*KnocK*Click*
:AtenaNUM: Dai? Are you in here?
:DaithiNUM: Atena!? No, I- I mean yes, but-
:AtenaNUM: We need to talk.
:DaithiNUM: Err… n-now is not t-the best-
:AtenaNUM: And apparently I got here just in time. Dai, you’re having those urges again, aren’t you?
:DaithiNUM: …I… err… y-yeah…
:AtenaNUM: Then we need to get you some help… and maybe restrain you too. I can’t have you going around trying to bite people.
:DaithiNUM: …h-help?
:AtenaNUM: Hmm… but who can help you? I don’t think anyone in the inquisition would take it kindly that you were a demon… and that include Arthur... and probably Nicolas too…
:DaithiNUM: There’s n-no one that c-can help me, is t-there?
:AtenaNUM: Don’t give up hope, Dai. Now… can you control yourself or do I need to tie you down?

[Purple: I got something new that might be interesting. Apparently the police busted an amateur cultist meeting last night. While the people there were just stupid teenagers trying something new, we do believe the leader was a true, corrupted cultist. Only problem is that we can’t find her. They last saw her going into the woods yesterday evening and the only thing we’ve found so far is a slime covered boot. She’s supposed to be a student in the academy, so if you see anything tell me.]
>>
No. 626157 ID: 6e79d4

Hmm, your father could help, but he's purple's pawn and purple's really zealous. Your mother dabbled in the occult before, you can confide in her. Libby is probably an expert, she is a daemon after all. We should go to her first. And we'll be helping you Dai, no matter what.

[message Purple: Do you have any more information? Like what species was the cultist, where she might be headed or at what time the bust happened?]
Good news and bad news. Good news, that bully may have actually been a cultist trying to corrupt/convert students at the school. You saved more than yourself last night. Bad news, the police found a slimy boot, and the occult activity means you can expect more scrutiny on school grounds.
>>
No. 626158 ID: 6d4595

Dai, just remember that we'll be here to help you with whatever we can. We'll also try looking for solutions to those urges of yours. And we won't willingly abandon you.
>[Purple's message]
That... Goddamn, that makes a lot of sense, assuming it's true.
>>
No. 626159 ID: d958ad

>>626154
Okay Daithi how do you feel about eating a live chicken or something? Does that sound tasty?

Something occurs to me. Atena "arresting" you would give you a good excuse to get away from everyone, and she may know where some more cultists are at you can eat. Speaking of which, that bully was apparently a fully corrupted cultist according to Purple. No regrets. We have not told him you ate her, of course.
>>
No. 626165 ID: 27c0e0

Well DS I know of one way to solve all your problems but it's a bit... permanent.
Or you could flee, FLEE TO THE FROZEN NOUTH! That's probably how you end up there anyway, chased by a mob that wants the burn you alive after they find out what you are.

On a plus note we now have someone that can eat emotions and can truthfully tell us which are filling and which are satisfying.
>>
No. 626166 ID: ea0ad9

>While the people there were just stupid teenagers trying something new, we do believe the leader was a true, corrupted cultist.
Wait... If she was a cultist, then it's possible she was attacking you for the same reason all these jealous pseudo-children of The Deciever have been attacking you, Daithi. I'm not entirely sure what that reason actually is, aside from possibly jealousy, but at least there was some good in her death. Can't rely on maybes, though.
[Message Purple: Any clues on other gathering places? We can look into the places if they're either too many for the inquisition, or not enough evidence to bring them in for you.]
[Message White: I imagine Cedric would be up for it, but how would you feel about pulling a sting operation on potential cultist sites?]
>>
No. 626409 ID: 65a774
File 142479625286.png - (17.15KB , 900x450 , 11.png )
626409

>[message Purple: Do you have any more information? Like what species was the cultist, where she might be headed or at what time the bust happened?]
[Purple: We do believe it was a female mantis, if our sources are correct. We do not know where she was headed, but she left over an hour before we managed to bust the gathering last night.]
>[Message Purple: Any clues on other gathering places? We can look into the places if they're either too many for the inquisition, or not enough evidence to bring them in for you.]
[Purple: Sorry, not at the moment. We generally act as soon as we find any trace of cult activity.]
>[Message White: I imagine Cedric would be up for it, but how would you feel about pulling a sting operation on potential cultist sites?]
[White: I guess taking down some cultist would be doing the world a favor. As long as you aren’t leading us into a death trap I’m in.]

>Good news and bad news. Good news, that bully may have actually been a cultist trying to corrupt/convert students at the school.
…what? She was!? But… how… what are the chances…
:DilligentNUM: (Considering we have a master manipulator following us around…)
>Bad news, the police found a slimy boot, and the occult activity means you can expect more scrutiny on school grounds.
More scrutiny? The inquisition is already patrolling the corridors and forcing people to touch holy relics. What more can they do?

>You could flee, FLEE TO THE FROZEN NOUTH! That's probably how you end up there anyway, chased by a mob that wants the burn you alive after they find out what you are.
What? No, I’m not going to run away! …but you’re right, I need to keep this secret unless I want a mob filled with pitchforks and torches descending upon me.
>Dai, just remember that we'll be here to help you with whatever we can.
Right… if you can actually help…
>Okay Daithi how do you feel about eating a live chicken or something? Does that sound tasty?
That sounds completely disgusting.
>Atena "arresting" you would give you a good excuse to get away from everyone, and she may know where some more cultists are at you can eat.
But I don’t want to be thrown into some moldy cell! I rather learn to control this crap so I can go back living my old life.

>Hmm, your father could help, but he's purple's pawn and purple's really zealous.
Let’s try to keep this from purple… and my father as long as possible.
>Your mother dabbled in the occult before, you can confide in her.
But does she know enough to help me? I’m pretty sure she’s never met a real demon before...
>Libby is probably an expert, she is a daemon after all. We should go to her first.
Oh right! Libby! Of course!
:DaithiNUM: I need to go the library at once! Stay here, Atena.
:AtenaNUM: Library? Why are you going there? And you’re not leaving without me, Dai. I’m not going to let you out of my sight before I know I can trust you.
:DaithiNUM: Then come with me.


---

:LibbyNUM: Greetings. How can I help you today?
:DaithiNUM: Libby! I need help!
:LibbyNUM: That’s what I’m here for. Do you know the name of the book you-
:DaithiNUM: No, I’m not here for a book!
:LibbyNUM: Err… then I can’t help you sir...
:AtenaNUM: Um… Dai, what are you doing?
:DaithiNUM: Dammit, Libby, I need help with… err… I’m pretty sure you know already!
:LibbyNUM: … … …no? Sir, I’m a librarian, I help people find books. That’s what I do, nothing more. *Cough*py*Cough*… excuse me…
>>
No. 626410 ID: d7516b

The mirror sees the truth.
>>
No. 626417 ID: d958ad

>>626409
She's not acting like her usual self. I wonder why?

Tell her you're starving and without her help you may not be able to find something appropriate to eat. Ask if she would rather talk about this in private. If she keeps acting like some sort of weird normal librarian, ask for any books on daemons.

[scan librarian]
>>
No. 626419 ID: 5b28f1

Probably because the lizard on the right. Better be sure

[scan right lizard]

Suggest she help you with your obviously bookrelated problem in a more private setting
>>
No. 626424 ID: 6e79d4

[scan everybody]
> I’m pretty sure she’s never met a real demon before...
She knows something, we know next to nothing. It couldn't hurt.
>*Cough*py*Cough*
Spy. There's a spy.
Crap, I suck at speaking in code. Say you need a book on... Eastern foodstuffs? By Magus, before he had some sort of injury? And step away from that mirror.
>>
No. 626429 ID: 9ddf68

hey Daithi, what do you see when you look at your reflection.

Hey Atena, what do you see when you look at Daithi's reflection.

...WHY can we not still see ourselves in these freaking mirrors? I'm not saying that because we're vain but really we've always been able to see ourselves.

why is it the further we go into this mess the more and more I start to feel that something isn't right. And coming from a guy who spent months trapped inside of an true illusion being forced to watch our friends die over and over again until we finally found a way out leaving us paranoid little shits and our user boarder line insane I'v learn to trust this feeling.
>>
No. 626436 ID: ea0ad9

[Scan library-goers, including those not visible to our current spectrum]
Y'all seem to frequently forget we can only see a single plane and behind it, nothing in front.
>>
No. 626439 ID: 330ce5

Ask her if she is feeling alright.
>>
No. 626575 ID: 65a774
File 142489141256.png - (17.07KB , 900x450 , 12.png )
626575

>[scan librarian]
[“The Hanged man” belongs to the lady in green!]
>[scan right lizard]
[Neutral Creature(Neutral): Normal, Sakkilan Student.]

>Hey Daithi, what do you see when you look at your reflection.
:DaithiNUM: (Oh crap… I need to remember to keep away from mirrors from now on.)
>Hey Atena, what do you see when you look at Daithi's reflection.
:AtenaNUM: (Then it’s true… he’s really a… and that’s the snake he was talking about… but… hmm…)
>She knows something, we know next to nothing. It couldn't hurt.
:DaithiNUM: (…I guess? I don’t really want to drag the rest of my family into this, though…)
>Why is it the further we go into this mess the more and more I start to feel that something isn't right.
:AtenaNUM: (Of course something isn’t right. We’re already dealing with demons, aliens and other weird things. This isn’t right at all!)

>She's not acting like her usual self. I wonder why?
:DaithiNUM: …are you alright?
:LibbyNUM: Of course… well, I do think I might have a cold coming on but otherwise I’m fine.
>Say you need a book on... Eastern foodstuffs? By Magus, before he had some sort of injury?
:DaithiNUM: Err… I need a cookbook… um… for…
:AtenaNUM: We want to cook something exotic for our next date. Maybe something from the west?
:LibbyNUM: The west?
:DaithiNUM: I’ve heard good things about a cook called Magus…
:LibbyNUM: Wait… oh, you’re already… you’re hungry?
:DaithiNUM: …yes?
:LibbyNUM: That’s odd… usually you don’t- I mean… most mantises doesn’t go for the exotic food before the fifth date, if you know what I mean...
:DaithiNUM: …so, I’m a bit early?
:LibbyNUM: Hmm, this is a bit problematic… I don’t have any books about that in storage… but… hmm… wait, does she…?
:AtenaNUM: I know, yes.
:LibbyNUM: …that’s new too… well, if you want help finding that book, I guess I can… um… here…
:DaithiNUM: (A holy symbol?)
:LibbyNUM: I was planning on cooking this today myself, but I guess you can have it instead.
:DaithiNUM: err… have what?
:LibbyNUM: …just use the spices I gave you to season the meat and you’re good to go. No need to worry about table manners as no one else is here. That would take care of both our problems.
>>
No. 626576 ID: d958ad

>>626575
Ah, of course. If you're starving because you're too strong, the solution is to weaken yourself.
>>
No. 626577 ID: d958ad

...or maybe she's suggesting you eat the spy, and Atena should use the holy symbol on them first to reveal them as a corrupted cultist?
>>
No. 626584 ID: 6e79d4

...That Lizard's eyes just changed color. Yellow to blue. It's a shape changer she wants you to get rid of. Dilligent, can you see through illusions, either made by the deceiver or otherwise?
>No need to worry about table manners as no one else is here.
Even so, I think It's best if Atena would look away. We can ask libby more questions once we no longer need to speak in code.
>>
No. 626587 ID: 330ce5

I think your suppose to eat that guy over, using the symbol to see his true nature.
>>
No. 626588 ID: 9ddf68

what the hell is that lizard over there looking at?
>>
No. 626627 ID: 6d4595

Hang on, that student is labeled as a Sakkilan. Isn't that only the name for lizards outside of this thing?
>>
No. 626648 ID: ea0ad9

Oh crap we're showing now.
[Move away from the mirror]
No need to show any other potential players ourselves.
>>626576
Ah, yes, that makes a lot of sense!
The "Spices" are holy symbols. Blessings, and whatnot. Bless your foods, carry around holy symbols, keep your daemon side weakened and you'll thrive on just the standard, mortal foods, that you usually eat.
>>626627
That... Some of the cultists are able to deceive scans, yes, so it does make sense. They would have seen our golden friend and coded their scan to fit it.
>>
No. 626652 ID: 8d99f5

>>626584
>>626627
SPAI! But whose?
>>
No. 626656 ID: 6d4595

>>626648
The question isn't whether our scan was messed with, that should be pretty obvious, especially from that "normal" bit when pretty much all other NPC scans have just been simple titles and such. The question is how whoever messing with it knows about the Sakkil in the first place. And, going off of that, why they'd apparently go out of their way and use what should be a fairly rare, essentially OOC term instead of the much more common, in-world lizard.
>>
No. 626677 ID: 825af6

>>626656
Ah, I think I know who could disguise themselves as a lizard student like that, knows of the term "Sakkilian," and might not know it's not the right label to use for a lizard in this world: The Serpens. I think it's possibly one of the Serpens down here using their "divine" admin powers to disguise and move about the Academy and got the fake scan entry wrong.

>>626648
>That... Some of the cultists are able to deceive scans, yes, so it does make sense. They would have seen our golden friend and coded their scan to fit it.
Except that a Shape Stealer or cultist or whatever wouldn't be able to know he was a Sakkilian just by looking at him. And even if they had means to scan him his scan result doesn't show "Sakkilian" anywhere in it. In fact, as our attempt to scan him yesterday showed, his scan result just returns garbage. (See >>/quest/593696) So it's very unlikely they would even know of the term "Sakkilian," and even if they did a Shape Stealer using it in their scan spoof here instead of the proper "lizard" would stand out like a sore thumb.

Dai, Athena, I think that lizard over there might not be a Shape Stealer. Her scan shows as "Neutral Creature(Neutral): Normal, Sakkilan Student," and I can't think of a way that a Shape Stealer would have heard of the term "Sakkilian." I think it's probably one of the Serpens using their admin power of disguise, since they're the only ones I can think of who'd have heard of Sakkilians, could fake their appearance and scan result and might not know that it's supposed to be "lizard," not "Sakkilian."

We'll still be cautious in approaching that lizard, since she might actually be a Shape Stealer or suchlike. Try addressing her as Issaru in a questioning tone when you approach; That's the name of the leader of the Serpens that came down here. If she responds in the affirmative to that then ask where and when Issaru last met Teal to determine if she's actually one of the Serpens. Just make sure to keep the holy symbol ready to apply.
>>
No. 626684 ID: d958ad

Personally I think it was just a typo.
>>
No. 626704 ID: 65a774
File 142498401783.png - (16.46KB , 900x450 , 13.png )
626704

>Hang on, that student is labeled as a Sakkilan. Isn't that only the name for lizards outside of this thing?
Wops, that’s a typo. It’s supposed to say Lizard. Sorry for shooting down all those nifty suggestions…
>Personally I think it was just a typo.
Shit, you guys are starting to predict my incompetence…

>...That Lizard's eyes just changed color. Yellow to blue.
:AtenaNUM: (I noticed. It’s clearly one of those shape changers.)
>Diligent, can you see through illusions, either made by the deceiver or otherwise?
:DilligentNUM: Sorry, but no… I can’t see anything Dai can’t see.
>What the hell is that lizard over there looking at?
:DaithiNUM: (…I think she’s trying to look at us without being noticed…)
>The question isn't whether our scan was messed with, that should be pretty obvious, especially from that "normal" bit when pretty much all other NPC scans have just been simple titles and such.
:DaithiNUM: (Clearly it is one of those demon we’ve met! We need to deal with her now!)

>Ah, of course. If you're starving because you're too strong, the solution is to weaken yourself.
:DaithiNUM: So… you want me to use this to… um… make sure I don’t work too hard and eat less?
:LibbyNUM: Huh? What do- oh, that’s not what I… but… hmm… that might work. I haven’t tried it, but that thing is too weak to really affect you though. Maybe if you found something a bit stronger?
>I think you’re supposed to eat that guy over, using the symbol to see his true nature.
:DaithiNUM: …wait… wait, you want me to… m-me to… eat right here?
:LibbyNUM: That’s the idea, yeah. When you get some energy in you I’ll show you how you can use it to the best of your abilities.
:AtenaNUM: Right here? Are you sure no one else will be here seeing this!?
:LibbyNUM: It’s Saturday and far away from any tests. Who would spend their weekend in a school library?
:AtenaNUM: Still, I would think Dai here would be a messy eater… what with his meal being rather big…
:LibbyNUM: Oh, don’t worry… our kind don’t generally chew…
:AtenaNUM: …you eat them whole? But… how… that doesn’t… hmm… still… it’s rather… you mean, they just… gobble them down… let them slide right down into… err…
:LibbyNUM: We don’t chew, no.
>Even so, I think It's best if Atena would look away.
:AtenaNUM: What? No, I wa- I… err… I need to make sure thing go like… um… I’m not even sure I can trust you… but I’m pretty sure she is what you say she is… but… yeah, this whole thing is weird and I need some visual confirmation that it’s actually… real… that it’s actually happening.
:LibbyNUM: …really?
:DaithiNUM: Err… where did she go?
:LibbyNUM: …oh, sod! We need to find her! She probably figured out who you are Dai!
:AtenaNUM: She didn’t leave through the front door, or else we would have seen her. Are there any other ways out from here?
:LibbyNUM: Not really… I guess she can break a window or something…
:DaithiNUM: Then we need to find her before she escapes!
>>
No. 626707 ID: 9ddf68

If it wasn't for the fact that we have been attacked multiple times already by shape stealers I would have swore up and down that this is an illusion meant to trick our since of morality to get Daithi to eat people since it seems a bit to convenient. However since we have been attacked multiple times by shape stealers in the past all I have to say is WHERE THE HELL ARE THEY COMING FROM! I mean we have the god damn inquisition practically barricaded in this school and yet... then again I should probably be grateful seeing as the little problem we're going through and the fact that Libby seems to have avoided notice after all this time. Still should find out where they're coming from at some point though.
>>
No. 626709 ID: 2a6915

Wait....That's clever, if this thing just did what I think it did. It's trying to trick you into searching the place, and occupying yourself with that while it makes it's getaway!
Daithi, strike where that Lizard was. I think it just hid via turning invisible...Alternatively...
Follow the smell of fear. I'm serious, you can detect emotions meaning conventional stealth isn't going to work on you. I dunno how that will smell because we've gotten conflicting information about emotions but I figure it should work either way.
>>
No. 626710 ID: d958ad

She's still there. It's camouflage.
>>
No. 626837 ID: d958ad

Oh, let me give you a plan of action:
Walk over as if you're going off to search for the "missing Lizard", but as you pass by suddenly turn and press the holy symbol against it. Then you can eat it while it's stunned.
>>
No. 626861 ID: 65a774
File 142506199177.png - (16.26KB , 900x450 , 14.png )
626861

>WHERE THE HELL ARE THEY COMING FROM!
:LibbyNUM: Well, when a daddy demon and a mommy demon love each other very much-
:DaithiNUM: That joke has been done before.
:LibbyNUM: It’s that cult that are worshiping the deceiver. They got some kind of way of corrupting people into shape stealers without the aid of the deceiver herself.
:AtenaNUM: But why here? And now?
:LibbyNUM: Because they have felt their mistress return to this world here, which means that the grand rune they are trying to find will soon appear.
>I mean we have the god damn inquisition practically barricaded in this school and yet...
:LibbyNUM: The inquisition!? Ha! Those old men can barely find a needle in a stack of needles!
:DaithiNUM: Err… don’t you mean hay-
:LibbyNUM: Sure, they’ve lucked out a few times when showing off those holy symbols of theirs, but they are way to orderly. I mean, do they really expect the daemons to use the front door?
>Then again I should probably be grateful seeing as the little problem we're going through and the fact that Libby seems to have avoided notice after all this time.
:LibbyNUM: They are knowledgeable about finding spawns, not the real deal. You’re safe as long as you don’t do anything stupid.
:DaithiNUM: So… holy symbols won’t affect me?
:LibbyNUM: Not in a major way, no. They need more potent stuff then that.
:DaithiNUM: Well, I know I’ve always felt a bit uneasy near anything religious…

>Follow the smell of fear. I'm serious, you can detect emotions meaning conventional stealth isn't going to work on you.
:DaithiNUM: Hmm… maybe I can smell it? You know… smell the fear? How does fear even smell like?
:LibbyNUM: Well, it’s not really a smell, more like a feeling… you know that feeling when you’re waiting for that nice piece of expensive meat to be cooked just right? It feels kind of like that. Of course, considering that you’re going to consume it like a piece of meat it seems rather appropriate.
:DaithiNUM: …well, I just got that feeling when you mentioned consume…
>Wait....That's clever, if this thing just did what I think it did. She's still there. It's camouflage.
:LibbyNUM: So you can find it? Good, go and enjoy your meal with your date then, Dai. I’ll just go to the entrance and make sure we don’t get any surprise guests.
:AtenaNUM: …I can’t believe we’re about to do this… I… err… I’m ready to go find her…
:DaithiNUM: Wait, you got a holy symbol too?
:AtenaNUM: …You’re a demon, do you really think I would come too you without some kind of backup plan?
:DaithiNUM: Fair enough…

>Walk over as if you're going off to search for the "missing Lizard", but as you pass by suddenly turn and press the holy symbol against it.
:DaithiNUM: Come on, Atena, I think I can feel it on the other side of the libra-
>>
No. 626863 ID: 65a774
File 142506204748.png - (17.09KB , 900x450 , 15.png )
626863

:DaithiNUM: HA!
:ShapeStealerRUST: AHH!!!
:AtenaNUM: Got it!

>Then you can eat it while it's stunned.
:AtenaNUM: Quick! Before she get loose!
:ShapeStealerRUST: P-please! I-I *urg* d-don’t… noo…
:DaithiNUM: Err… I can’t…
:AtenaNUM: This isn’t really the time for moral dilemmas, Dai… I can’t believe I’m saying this but eat her.
:DaithiNUM: No, I mean… I don’t know how… how am I supposed to eat this thing? It is way bigger then my mouth!
:ShapeStealerRUST: D-don’t… w-w-wa… t-t-t… d-die…
:DaithiNUM: And now I’m getting some second thoughts about this…
>>
No. 626866 ID: f7c358

Ok if you don't eat it in ten seconds, I am going to start singing and tell you about or nice lovely neighbor /b/.
>>
No. 626871 ID: fb3e33

Hrrm.
Well, I recall those being kinda...noodly in shape? Like a bunch of coils taking the approximate form, so start with the tail and slurp it up!
Or, if that doesn't work?
RIP AND TEAR!
Just get it into bite-sized chunks, and that will do it. Mind the blood since we don't want to leave traces...
>>
No. 626872 ID: a4b94a

I understand where you come from Daithi, but you really only have 3 options:

1. You man up and eat the corrupted, thus sustaining yourself and save all thhose close to you the depredations of them shifters

2. You starve slowly to death and consume your own soul.

3. You turn on your freinds and loved ones because the ravenous hunger consumes your mind.

So yeah. Though choice. Also a tipp, if you eat her, concentrate on your hunger and try to let that guide you.
>>
No. 626879 ID: 6e79d4

How many people begged the shape changer in just the same way before now? How many more will before the inquisition puts it down? What would change if circumstances were any different?

Diligent, try and walk him through this. He blacked out last time and has no idea what he's doing.
>>
No. 626880 ID: d958ad

>>626863
Just like put its hand in your mouth, and I expect you will instinctually find the solution. Though I guess you could do a little interrogation first. Like, where is the grand rune supposed to be?

Keep in mind Daithi, if you don't eat the enemy, you will wind up eating your friends. This thing might be acting pathetic but it is quite possibly an act. Shapestealers are deceptive creatures, that rely on surprise.

Oh and brace yourself for an intense wave of pleasure from the act.
>>
No. 626895 ID: 9ddf68

>>626861
someone was just around the conner near the front door,looked like a mantis leg. Not sure who it was but safe money is it being one of black's guys.
>>
No. 626904 ID: 65a774
File 142508030155.png - (16.39KB , 900x450 , 16.png )
626904

>Someone was just around the corner near the front door, looked like a mantis leg.
:AtenaNUM: (That would be the librarian. She was going to close the front door to the library, remember?)
>I guess you could do a little interrogation first. Like, where is the grand rune supposed to be?
:DaithiNUM: Tell me where the rune is or I’ll-
:ShapeStealerRUST: DIE!!
:AtenaNUM: Nggt! Dai! Just eat her!! She is starting to get lose!
>RIP AND TEAR!
:DaithiNUM: (Even if I got a fork and knife, it’s still way too big to fit in my stomach! How am I supposed to eat this thing!?)
>Diligent, try and walk him through this. He blacked out last time and has no idea what he's doing.
:DilligentNUM: Huh? Why do you think I know how to do it? I’m just as clueless as he is!

>Ok if you don't eat it in ten seconds, I am going to start singing and tell you about or nice lovely neighbor /b/.
:DaithiNUM: (You’re wh-)
>How many people begged the shape changer in just the same way before now? How many more will before the inquisition puts it down? What would change if circumstances were any different?
:DaithiNUM: (When you put i-)
>Keep in mind Daithi, if you don't eat the enemy, you will wind up eating your friends.
:DaithiNUM: (…I need to pro-)
>This thing might be acting pathetic but it is quite possibly an act. Shapestealers are deceptive creatures, that rely on surprise.
:DaithiNUM: (Right, it’s just and act… it’s a demon… just and act… ACT…)

>Also a tipp, if you eat her, concentrate on your hunger and try to let that guide you.
:DaithiNUM: (I… I need her inside me… now!)
>Well, I recall those being kinda...noodly in shape? Like a bunch of coils taking the approximate form, so start with the tail and slurp it up!
:ShapeStealerRUST: HEY, Let go off- NO!!
>>
No. 626905 ID: 65a774
File 142508030817.png - (16.23KB , 900x450 , 17.png )
626905

:DaithiNUM: *Amrgh*
:ShapeStealerRUST: NO! NOT THIS WAY! PLEASE! NOT TH-
>>
No. 626906 ID: 65a774
File 142508032398.png - (16.05KB , 900x450 , 18.png )
626906

:DaithiNUM: *Click*gulp*…
:AtenaNUM: …y-you… you ate her w-whole… I… I never thought I would… see… …
>Oh and brace yourself for an intense wave of pleasure from the act.
:DaithiNUM: (*Ngt*… Thank J-Jove for th-that p-p-padding…)
:AtenaNUM: A-are you alright!?
:DaithiNUM: I-I’M FINE… pain… *ngt*…
:AtenaNUM: I… can’t believe you… actually… err…
>>
No. 626907 ID: f7c358

What's done is done, now go and clean yourself.
>>
No. 626917 ID: 6d4595

So, I guess now we go talk to Libby and see if there's some kind of alternative to eating people. I mean, the cultists are probably the least-bad people to try to eat, but we don't know how sustainable that's going to be, we don't know if there's any other side effects that'll problems other than awkwardness or being uncomfortable, and I think this is something we really don't want other people to find out about.
>>
No. 626924 ID: d958ad

>>626906
[check status of pawns]
I hope that put a dent in your hunger. Tell Atena you'd really rather not talk about what that felt like. Try to think unsexy thoughts Dai.
>>
No. 626930 ID: 6e79d4

> I… I never thought I would… see… …
I warned you... Now where'd you pull that ax from?!?

Snap out of it, Dai. Are you feeling any better? Let's hope you won't have to do this three time a day like people normally eat.
>>
No. 626953 ID: ea0ad9

>>626930
The axe is her weapon of choice... She carries it with her at most times, especially since she's, you know, expecting to encounter danger right now... She's the Captain of the Guard, it's her job to deal with dangerous individuals.
>>
No. 626954 ID: 6d4595

>>626953
I think he was asking more about where she was keeping an axe with a blade nearly as big as her head, which probably can be summed up as either "don't worry about it, it's not important", or "what do you mean, I've been keeping it on my belt/back/whatever this whole time" and we just couldn't see it
>>
No. 626967 ID: dbe554

Well.... That was Highly disconcerting to watch.

*Retch*

Hooo boy Atena is likely regretting that thought to watch it...
>>
No. 627043 ID: 65a774
File 142514637860.png - (16.55KB , 900x450 , 19.png )
627043

>"what do you mean, I've been keeping it on my belt/back/whatever this whole time" and we just couldn't see it.
Actually, she has had an axe sprite on her back this whole thread.

>[check status of pawns]
[“The magician”: Starving, Lustful. “Strength”: Annoyed, worried. “The Tower”: Worried. “The Chariot”: Exited, curious. ”The High Priestess”: Happy, tired.]

>Try to think unsexy thoughts Dai.
:DaithiNUM: (Grandma eating pea soup… Grandma eating pea soup… I think it’s working…)
>I hope that put a dent in your hunger.
:DaithiNUM: (I don’t know… I still feel… weird…)
>Now where'd you pull that ax from?!?
:AtenaNUM: (…I got it from the police armory?)

>Are you feeling any better?
:DaithiNUM: My stomach doesn’t hurt anymore… but I still feel tired and weak…
:AtenaNUM: Hmm… Maybe you haven’t absorbed the energy yet? You know, digest her?
>Hooo boy Atena is likely regretting that thought to watch it...
:DaithiNUM: H-Hey!? What a-are you doing!?
:AtenaNUM: I’m just checking… I mean, you just ate a whole person yet your tummy hasn’t gotten any bigger… where did you put her, I wonder?
:DaithiNUM: S-s-stop rubbing m-my stomach!
:AtenaNUM: Oh? I think I felt squirming? Is she squirming in there?
:DaithiNUM: You fe- you’re not making things better Atena!
:AtenaNUM: S-sorry…
:DaithiNUM: I rather not talk about… about what just happened, alright?
:AtenaNUM: I… um… you’re right, I… err… sorry…
:DaithiNUM: Ugh… I think I need a shower… cold shower… I don’t think I’ll ever feel clean again…
>>
No. 627044 ID: 65a774
File 142514638783.png - (16.62KB , 900x450 , 20.png )
627044

>So, I guess now we go talk to Libby and see if there's some kind of alternative to eating people.
:LibbyNUM: Ah, I see you’ve enjoyed your m-
:DaithiNUM: Just tell me what I need to do so I never need to eat someone again!
:LibbyNUM: Um… Sorry, but that’s not going too happened. You’ll need special nourishment from now on, Dai. But, if you never use any of your powers, I’m sure you can stay content with one person per month or two. Of course, you need to eat if you want to grow big and strong.
:DaithiNUM: Ugh… just… just help me with this first… why am I still… well, hungry?
:LibbyNUM: You haven’t… um… I guess “Absorb” would be the right word? Dai, can you feel a… alien presence within you? Something that doesn’t belong?
:DaithiNUM: … … …err… maybe?
:LibbyNUM: Imagine that you take that presence and… well, absorb it into yourself.
:DaithiNUM: Err… like… um… I think… … …no… maybe if… err… …

[“The Diligent One” has grown in strength and learned new secret powers!]

:DaithiNUM: Whoa… that was… that was…
:LibbyNUM: It’s an addictive feeling, I know. Just take care that you don’t do it too often.
>I think this is something we really don't want other people to find out about.
:LibbyNUM: That would be a great idea, yeah! Let’s just say that nearly every time you’ve failed before this time was because your supposed “allies” burned you at the stake… both literally and metaphorically. Of course, you’re supposed to start growing at the end of next week, so something is very different.
:AtenaNUM: …you said that I knew what he is was new to…
:LibbyNUM: Yeah, as far as I can remember you’ve never known that he was a demon before… generally because you’re dead before he start getting the powers.
:AtenaNUM: Wait, I’m wh-
:LibbyNUM: I have to say, you’re probably the first person who actually take this whole revelation well.
:AtenaNUM: What was that about me-
:LibbyNUM: Hey, I can’t spoiler the ending!
:AtenaNUM: You can’t- What the hell killed me!?
:LibbyNUM: Can’t say, sorry.
:AtenaNUM: …you can’t say!?
:LibbyNUM: All I know that you wind up dead. That’s it.
:AtenaNUM: …well, this day is just getting better and better…
>>
No. 627053 ID: f7c358

Oh don't feel bad, I mean right now a group of survivors are trying to live by fighting undead zombies that grow stronger wave after wave and there is no escape. Just death.
>>
No. 627057 ID: fb3e33

I think before, as in previous runs, Dai would end up eating Atena on their date, and then Dai would get killed, or something like that.
Basically, if you passed your normal death event, you should relax since you dodged it already. Nothing to worry about.
>>
No. 627058 ID: 6e79d4

> Oh? I think I felt squirming? Is she squirming in there?
WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE
> Imagine that you take that presence and… well, absorb it into yourself.
Crap, did we not do that with the bully? Don't do it now, there's still the whole addiction thing to worry about.
>Let’s just say that nearly every time you’ve failed before this time was because your supposed “allies” burned you at the stake… both literally and metaphorically. Of course, you’re supposed to start growing at the end of next week, so something is very different.
Which allies? How can that be both literal and metaphoric?! What do you mean by 'growing'?!?
> …well, this day is just getting better and better…
...Well if Libby is to be believed, it could be worse.
>All I know that you wind up dead. That’s it.
It was Dai, wasn't it? Instead of fleeing to the woods, he lost control.

Dai, I'm sorry to have to tell you this... but I don't think you and Arthur is going to work out. Best case scenario he still has a soft spot from his cultist days, but I wouldn't count on that for much.
>>
No. 627060 ID: dbe554

>Oh? I think I felt squirming? Is she squirming in there?

...Is she turned on by this? That is NOT a normal reaction! Maybe she enjoys some vore like thoughts..
>>
No. 627080 ID: d958ad

>>627044
I wonder if you got stronger faster because we killed Truth. I don't think you ate Atena in previous runs, because she normally dies BEFORE you start getting hungry. I suspect she gets offed by Black or Yellow. ...I wish we knew what your secret powers were exactly.
[view list of daemon powers]?

Anyway, knowing her life is in danger means we can take precautions. From now on, you two get to stick together like glue. Shapestealers are targeting Daithi and everyone close to him, so...

Oh, ask Libby if she knows anything more about the Deceiver's cult. Like, maybe, where their headquarters is? Also, by "allies" does she mean Purple? Or Red? Or our other pawns?
>>
No. 627081 ID: 9ddf68

>allies
by allies do you mean white and purple... possibly black in a past life, or our other pawns? Because honestly I just don't want to tell any of them... especially Purple for obvious reasons.

also Daithi, how do you feel now? Also please don't try and use your deamon powers for anything excepts the most dire of emergencies seeing as using them would make you hungry again and from what Libby is saying feeding is like a drug, Makes you feel good but fucks with your mind.

Oh and Libby, do you have any clue about those guys or gods falling from the sky? Because chances are we're going to have to fight some of them soon and if we lose they're going to basically kill the planet and everything on it so they can harvest it and sell if for profit and 15 minutes of fame. And by everyone I mean you, us, every deamon and every single thing in this world. I mean they're new to the game so I really don't think you'll have anything but I would still like your opinion on the subject.
>>
No. 627084 ID: ea0ad9

We've actually had a knack for saving people who supposedly end up dead in this cycle, but... Strange, Steve said that we've never brought up Daithi being a Daemon. Kind of leaves me wondering if maybe his breaking point of starvation broke our desire to help him, too?

Also, I wonder if we've been getting stronger, ourselves, or if Deciever has simply had enough and upped his strength herself. I mean, she would be aware of all the previous instances.
...Wait, Diligent, does that mean you aren't aware of the previous cycles? Seems odd that you would have to be reborn every reset, when all of the other Daemons didn't, but that might have to do with being killed.
>>
No. 627215 ID: 65a774
File 142523303350.png - (17.04KB , 900x450 , 21.png )
627215

>[view list of daemon powers]?
[No powers found!]

>WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!
:DaithiNUM: EXACLY WHAT I WAS THINKING!
>That is NOT a normal reaction!
:AtenaNUM: Well, I- err… It’s just… I’m a bit… um…
>...Is she turned on by this? Maybe she enjoys some vore like thoughts?
:AtenaNUM: Eh? O-of c-c-course not!
:DaithiNUM:

>I think before, as in previous runs, Dai would end up eating Atena on their date, and then Dai would get killed, or something like that.
:LibbyNUM: It’s possible that you… um… experience new emotions would trigger your growth into a daemon, yes… and having something tasty right in front of you after something as exhausting as that… well…
:DaithiNUM: Oh, great, I’m going to be a virgin forever…
>Daithi, how do you feel now?
:DaithiNUM: Oh, I feel just great! Freaking eating someone really lightens up the mood, you know!
:LibbyNUM: I don’t think they meant emotionally.
:DaithiNUM: Well… I’m not hungry anymore… and… I feel… actually, I do feel great… just a bit emotionally shaken...

>Oh, ask Libby if she knows anything more about the Deceiver's cult. Like, maybe, where their headquarters is?
:LibbyNUM: Nope, sorry. I mostly know about them before they moved here.
>Also, by "allies" does she mean Purple? Or Red? Or our other pawns?
:LibbyNUM: Yes.
:DaithiNUM: Err… as in… all of them?
:LibbyNUM: Yes.
>How can that be both literal and metaphoric?!
:LibbyNUM: Sometimes they burn you on a stake, sometimes they just hunt you down like fanatics and flay you alive. No bigge.
:DaithiNUM:
:AtenaNUM:
>What do you mean by 'growing'?!?
:LibbyNUM: Turning more into a daemon. Or waking up his daemon side. However you want to put it.
>I wonder if you got stronger faster because we killed Truth.
:LibbyNUM: Either that or those “gods” did something. It’s hard to say.
>Oh and Libby, do you have any clue about those guys or gods falling from the sky?
:LibbyNUM: Yeah, I don’t really know a lot about those things… just… their coming have shaking things up a bit… in fact, I’ve heard from a friend that already experienced some of the next year that we’re going to have some kind of peace talk with the rebels… that’s never happened before…
>Because chances are we're going to have to fight some of them soon and if we lose they're going to basically kill the planet and everything on it.
:LibbyNUM: …they are going to WHAT!? I… I need to report that to the others!

>If you passed your normal death event, you should relax since you dodged it already. Nothing to worry about.
:AtenaNUM: Yeah, how about no. I’ll have to start being careful from now on. Even if I dodged one bolt I might not dodge the next.
>Anyway, knowing her life is in danger means we can take precautions. From now on, you two get to stick together like glue.
:DaithiNUM: Err… you really think I can protect her?
:AtenaNUM: Hmm…
>Dai, I'm sorry to have to tell you this... but I don't think you and Arthur is going to work out.
:DaithiNUM: I have worse thing to worry about! LIKE BEING A FREAKING MONSTER THAT EATS PEOPLE!
:AtenaNUM: It’s not-
:DaithiNUM: I’M A FUCKING CANNIBAL!
:AtenaNUM: Dai, pl-
:DaithiNUM: NO, SHUT UP, VORE LOVER!
:AtenaNUM:

>Crap, did we not do that with the bully? Don't do it now, there's still the whole addiction thing to worry about.
:DaithiNUM: I… I t-think I already absorbed her when… w-when I…
:AtenaNUM: Wait, you’ve already eaten someone else!?
:LibbyNUM: Hmm? Who did you eat?
:DaithiNUM: Err… i-it w-w-
:LibbyNUM: Don’t tell me, just think about her… image how she looked like… how she sounded like…
:DaithiNUM: Huh? How she looked like? …wait, what happened to my voice?
:AtenaNUM: …holy crap.
>>
No. 627216 ID: f7c358

You're a shapeshifter Daithi.
>>
No. 627217 ID: f7c358

And also don't be mean to her. Sheesh there has been worse, and we know it. I mean we REALLY know this.
>>
No. 627222 ID: 51b7e9

...I was wondering about that. You kept changing height which was weird earlier. I guess the others didn't notice or didn't think to comment.
...If you focused on that Lizard you ate, could you turn into her?
And secondly...Could you turn into Atena there right in front of you?
>>
No. 627225 ID: 6e79d4

>Err… as in… all of them?
>Yes.
Fuck.
> I’M A FUCKING CANNIBAL!
I understand you don't like the whole crash course in doing what needs to be done, but screaming a lot and being a dick to your only confidant isn't going to help in any way.
> Turning more into a daemon. Or waking up his daemon side. However you want to put it.
Will that make him look like a daemon, and is there anything we can do to stop it? or... I dunno, wake up his mortal side?
>I’ve heard from a friend that already experienced some of the next year that we’re going to have some kind of peace talk with the rebels… that’s never happened before…
Rebels where, up north?

That trick better not eat up too much energy, cultists are a highly exploited resource in this part of the world.
>>
No. 627235 ID: d958ad

>>627215
Now that could come in handy...

Libby what's this about someone who's experienced the next year? We're pretty sure that daemons can only remember previous cycles, not actual future events. Is there someone else who jumps around in the timeline like we do?
>>
No. 627253 ID: 65a774
File 142524859476.png - (16.52KB , 900x450 , 22.png )
627253

>You're a shapeshifter Daithi.
:DaithiNUM: I’M A WHAT!?
:LibbyNUM: You are the son of the deceiver, so it’s a given you would have powers connected to her.
:DaithiNUM: I’m a shape stealer!?
:LibbyNUM: Oh, no, you’re not. They are mortals corrupted by the influence of a daemon. You, on the other hand, are a true hybrid, a fusion of mortal and daemonic souls.
:AtenaNUM: Wait… according to Author demon can’t reproduce… nor truly die…
:LibbyNUM: Correct. Instead, the soul you have in you is in fact part of the deceiver herself. You are connected to her just as she’s too you.
:DaithiNUM: …wait, I’m part of the deceiver!?
:LibbyNUM: In a sense… she did make a great sacrifice creating you.
>...I was wondering about that. You kept changing height which was weird earlier.
:DaithiNUM: I did!? I… I didn’t even notice! Oh sod, I need to learn how to control this!
>I understand you don't like the whole crash course in doing what needs to be done, but screaming a lot and being a dick to your only confidant isn't going to help in any way.
:DaithiNUM: But- I- I just- that- eat- err…
>Don't be mean to her.
:DaithiNUM: …I’m sorry, Atena, I… I shouldn’t have-
:AtenaNUM: It’s alright, Dai… I understand what you’re going through is hard… and I wasn’t making things better.

>Could you turn into Atena there right in front of you?
:DaithiNUM: I can try…
:AtenaNUM: …did… d-did it work?
:AtenaNUM: …err… that’s… hey, I’m not that…err… wide!
:LibbyNUM: Yeah, she’s far fatter than that, Dai.
:AtenaNUM: Oh, screw you.
>Will that make him look like a daemon, and is there anything we can do to stop it?
:LibbyNUM: Stop it? Oh, of course not. He’s just… well… going to daemon puberty. But he’ll still look the same… he’ll just get some new… um… urges.
>Rebels where, up north?
:LibbyNUM: Err… the rebel daemons? The one who want to kill all mortals and stuff? You know, those that we’re fighting?
>That trick better not eat up too much energy.
:LibbyNUM: Just don’t go crazy with your new toy and you’re going to be fine.
>Libby what's this about someone who's experienced the next year? Is there someone else who jumps around in the timeline like we do?
:LibbyNUM: Err… not exactly. We experience time differently than you do. Well, at least the ones that aren’t bound to the mortal realm like me. For example, in Bob’s eyes you’ve yet retrieved the Rune of Fire, yet according to Steve right now you’re up north fighting with him. In fact, last time I met him he was rather happy that he got a girlfriend… Dooriya, I believe?
:DaithiNUM: That’s just… weird.

[Purple: Some updates; Black is hunting for someone called Red, which I believe is hiding out in an inn here in town, while Yellow have been spotted breaking out of Lady Baideal’s mansion. There’s also been report of increased cultist activity in the forest around the school, so they probably have a hiding hole nearby. Just to keep you updated.]
>>
No. 627254 ID: dbe554

Oh yeah Steve became mortal, experienced urges... Oh that memory of him experiencing lust was certainly going to live on forever as him raising.

Though in all honesty...We don't exactly experience time normally either, we've been swapping parts in the timeline as well and teleporting between kings and things as well, it's not something that's ever happened to us and we aren't sure why.
>>
No. 627271 ID: 9ddf68

>Purple
[thanks man, we've been trying to comfort some of our pawns this morning which has been going slow but we're making progress. Atena's here so we'll probably send her down to check out Lady Baideal’s since it sounds like something she'll have to look into anyways what with her being the caption of the guard and blah blah blah. We'll see if we have anyone who can wonder around town to look for red and if you want we can send someone with Arthur help check the woods. I mean I'm just guessing that the inquisition is going to start checking the woods with more cultist activity and all so if you're sending someone in we can at least lend a helping hand. If not we can always just check it out later once some of our pawns are more freed up.]

ok got some news, Atena, someone broke into Lady Baideal’s place last night, purple says it's someone belonging to yellow so I think you should check it out so we can get some eyes in there. Other things are is we seem to know that red is in town and black is looking for him, and we've narrowed the cultist hideout to somewhere in the woods.

>Err… the rebel daemons? The one who want to kill all mortals and stuff? You know, those that we’re fighting?
the way they make it sound they only want to kill the mortals fighting for bob, steve, and anyone else who works with them. Hell the time we talked to one in a working harvester the story I got from them was ever since the gods died out the first time Steve's group and the rebels have been waring and trading places constantly. I mean shit once we learned that we saw the endless cycle going on and managed to convince them to at least to give peace a try. Not sure how that one will turn out yet but we're working on it.
>>
No. 627286 ID: 6e79d4

I didn't notice you changing height, but looking back I noticed there was a spider-like shadow hanging over you soon after Lu set out some food.
> That’s just… weird.
We've had similar sentiments at just about every time in every place we've been.

Careful Dai, you messed up her eye color, the symbol on the armor, and the boots. You'll need to be careful or an immitation will only stop a cursory examination.
>>
No. 627298 ID: d958ad

>>627253
Ah, dammit. We've got a lot of important things to do all of a sudden. Well, one of them can be put off for a bit.

Hmm, if you're part of the Deceiver, I wonder if that daemon we saw in the vision was actually her? It would make sense that she has a bone snake too. Speaking of her, you might be able to contact her now that you're coming to accept your true self and have Atena to help you keep ahold of your humanity.

Oh, and something important occurs to me. Despite repeatedly checking for any daemonic influence on you, none was ever found... yet you're half-daemon. That is some SERIOUS anti-detection you've got going. So long as you don't shapeshift or eat a person in front of anyone(anyone else, anyway), you'll be fine. Oh god that reminds me, normal food tasted bad last time you tried it, but you will be expected to eat. I hope now that you're not "starving" anymore, you can eat normal food again. That'll be important in your date later tonight with Lucrais. Unless you want to turn her down? You could end that, it'd reduce risk and force her to consider other options.

Oh, Daithi, you didn't match her uniform properly. The boots and breastplate are wrong. Regardless, wanna go catch Yellow?
>>
No. 627382 ID: ea0ad9

Yeah, we totally claimed Steve. We're his master, he's our servant. Kind of weird, but okay, it happened. By accident. And he likes it. Apparently, we're a better master than Gray is.

Hahah, but seriously, apparently his mortal form turns him into a pawn, even though he's still got his Daemon form, which allows him to be claimed, and as I'm sure you know by now, we have an ambient claim aura, causing us to claim people unintentionally. Except for here, but that's probably because Daithi's Daemonhood balances out our Active Playerhood, or some sort of jargon like that, I don't understand it and I don't care. What matters is that he's happy to be under the same Player as Dooriya, since if he ends up being Gray's pawn, Gray winds up throwing his control at Steve, and Steve knows that we don't like controlling people--can't, really, but still wouldn't want to anyways.

>Purple: Some updates
[Reply: Red is, or was, our ally. Definitely worth looking into whether or not she ended up changing over the months, but if Yellow's shown up, it's more important that we, as in Player Teal, confront them, since we have the power to kill players directly. Would you mind looking into Red's situation for us?[
[@Purple: Oh, and I have reason to believe there is what I call a "Daemortal" somewhere in the country. We met one back in Serath--they lack any Daemon powers aside from immortality, and simply use a mortal body to... Uh, live, I suppose. If it turns out to be somebody friendly, then it probably means they're already reeducated, somehow, but I wouldn't count on that happening. Be careful about any sects from the cult that manage to come back up, if that happens.]
I trust Libby to not reveal herself, and I trust Purple to stick true to his promise on reeducation of the Daemons if he does happen to figure her out, and acknowledge that she's "Re-Educated" already.

>and I wasn’t making things better.
Well, the idea of eating a person still creeped Atena out, so it's the idea of eating, not eating people or being eaten, that she likes.
...Which completely explains Libby's joke, dammit. She's making fun of you for eating a lot. [Angry squid grumble]
On the plus side, despite having souls, shapestealers and cultists lost their status as a "Person" as soon as they gave into corruption, so they aren't actually eating people? Yeah, that. They just, happen to be like, poisonous to your standard person, so others can't eat that new food source is all.
>>
No. 627383 ID: ea0ad9

Oh, something a little off subject, but this whole "Not mortal, unholy abomination" thing has happened to a king of ours before. She was also a Mantis, too! Her name was Claire, but rather than being a Daemon, she was undead. Turned out, finding that "one" friend who would accept her for what she was helped convince the rest to.

...History doesn't always repeat itself, though, and I don't think any of the others read Confessions of a Paladin as a hobby/fantasy, so don't bet on the others accepting it.
Orrrr did Arthur read it? I can't remember. He's pretty much an omnisexual so many he does fantasize about a friendly daemon.
>>
No. 627409 ID: 65a774
File 142531944664.png - (16.60KB , 900x450 , 23.png )
627409

>[Atena's here so we'll probably send her down to check out Lady Baideal’s since it sounds like something she'll have to look into anyways.]
[Purple: As long as you find out what yellow was after I don’t care who you send.]
>[Reply: Red is, or was, our ally. Definitely worth looking into whether or not she ended up changing over the months. Would you mind looking into Red's situation for us?]
[I’ll see if I can contact her in your stead.]
>[@Purple: Oh, and I have reason to believe there is what I call a "Daemortal" somewhere in the country. We met one back in Serath--they lack any Daemon powers aside from immortality, and simply use a mortal body to... Uh, live, I suppose.]
[… …you know who it is, don’t you? That’s why you wanted me to consider sparing demons? …I’ll keep my word and will trust that you’re right about these “Demon mortals”. Wait, did I even give my word last time we talked? Hmm… no matter…]

>I noticed there was a spider-like shadow hanging over you soon after Lu set out some food.
:DaithiNUM: Oh, great… that’s a good sign…
>Careful Dai, you messed up her eye color, the symbol on the armor, and the boots. You'll need to be careful or an imitation will only stop a cursory examination.
:DaithiNUM: This is way harder than it looks…
:AtenaNUM: You also forgot the axe…
>Hmm, if you're part of the Deceiver, I wonder if that daemon we saw in the vision was actually her?
:LibbyNUM: Well, we can take many forms in this world so it’s possible.
>Speaking of her, you might be able to contact her now that you're coming to accept your true self and have Atena to help you keep ahold of your humanity.
:DaithiNUM: Do I really want to, though?
:AtenaNUM: Wait, I’m going to keep him from losing his humanity!?
:LibbyNUM: Hey, no pressure.
>Well, the idea of eating a person still creeped Atena out, so it's the idea of eating, not eating people or being eaten, that she likes.
:AtenaNUM: Well, err… I like to eat, just not… that kind of like… it’s just… um…
:LibbyNUM: You like it when people are eaten alive?
:AtenaNUM: It’s not- well- err… can we please drop this?

>Oh yeah Steve became mortal, experienced urges...
:LibbyNUM: He usually does that about now. I’m sure he’ll be gushing about what a lovely little flower that girl of his is next time I see him…
>Though in all honesty...We don't exactly experience time normally either.
:LibbyNUM: I know about the jumping around, yes.
>The way they make it sound they only want to kill the mortals fighting for bob, Steve, and anyone else who works with them.
:LibbyNUM: Of course they say that, but most of them don’t really care about you guys at all… of course, the same can be said about our side. Let’s just say that most daemons don’t particularly like your kind… mostly because they haven’t been to this side and experienced your sweet digs.
>Despite repeatedly checking for any daemonic influence on you, none was ever found... yet you're half-daemon. That is some SERIOUS anti-detection you've got going.
:LibbyNUM: That’s because they know how to look for Daemon spawns and corruption, not real Daemons. Dai it neither of those things.
>So long as you don't shapeshift or eat a person in front of anyone(anyone else, anyway), you'll be fine.
:DaithiNUM: Right, don’t eat people… got it…
>Oh god that reminds me, normal food tasted bad last time you tried it, but you will be expected to eat.
:LibbyNUM: Don’t worry, it will taste just fine when your other gut is satisfied.

>Atena, someone broke into Lady Baideal’s place last night, purple says it's someone belonging to yellow.
:AtenaNUM: I guess I can look into it…
:DaithiNUM: You go do that… I… I need to go back to my room and just… just lie down and cry for a bit…
:AtenaNUM: …Dai…
:DaithiNUM: I just need a moment alone, please…
>>
No. 627410 ID: f7c358

Do you want us to comfort you? Because we can sing, bohemian rhapsody, ode to joy, dance of the sugarplum gaben, Carol of the bells, and more.
>>
No. 627411 ID: ea0ad9

>…you know who it is, don’t you?
[Reply: I wish I did. I have a theory, but that falls in line that they are already reeducated, and I don't want to blindly believe something until I have proof. Your word was you would try and give reeducation, not that you would sacrifice yourself if it proved impossible.]
>I just need a moment alone, please…
...Well, we told Purple we'd check on it, so I guess we'll leave you alone, too, Dai.
>>
No. 627413 ID: 9ddf68

>I need to go back to my room and just
aren't the aliens in your room? well excepts the three snake people who are in the school's church but mr. orange and traveler are.

Anyways, uh Daithi, you want us to just leave you alone for a bit or do you want us to send someone your way to keep you company? and what's with the look Libby?
>>
No. 627420 ID: d958ad

>>627409
Alright Dai. We'll stay with Atena and make sure she's safe.
>>
No. 627436 ID: 6e79d4

>[… …you know who it is, don’t you? That’s why you wanted me to consider sparing demons? …I’ll keep my word and will trust that you’re right about these “Demon mortals”. Wait, did I even give my word last time we talked? Hmm… no matter…]
for the love of the all-powerful cactus, guys, Watch what you say. At this point we're not even on thin ice, we're walking on goddamn water.

> I need to go back to my room and just… just lie down and cry for a bit…
We'll leave you be, but promise to get ready for your date. Or work on your Warstorm army. Or... anything but feel sorry for yourself all day. I know it sucks for your hopes for the future to be brought up only to be stomped down again, but you have to make it through this.
>>
No. 627447 ID: d958ad

[@Purple: The thing about mortal daemons is that they get to experience what it's like to be a mortal. Most daemons don't really like mortals, and I'm starting to think that's because they don't understand them.]

I suspect the best way to end this war may be to convince all the daemons to try the experience of being a mortal for a year. That would be a temporary ceasefire, then afterwards, continue peacetalks... Hopefully, with understanding comes peace.

Hmm, I just realized... if daemons can experience time nonlinearly then the Dark One up north may be the *past version* of the Dark One that was in Serath. That would explain why he's still fighting us up north, rather than repaying us for sparing his life.
>>
No. 627575 ID: 65a774
File 142540279181.png - (16.75KB , 900x450 , 24.png )
627575

>[@Purple: The thing about mortal daemons is that they get to experience what it's like to be a mortal. Most daemons don't really like mortals, and I'm starting to think that's because they don't understand them.]
[Hmm… people do fear the unknown… and fear leads to anger… it’s an interesting theory, if anything.]

>I suspect the best way to end this war may be to convince all the daemons to try the experience of being a mortal for a year.
:LibbyNUM: …yeah, like that won’t end in a massacre…
>Hmm, I just realized... if daemons can experience time nonlinearly then the Dark One up north may be the *past version* of the Dark One that was in Serath.
:LibbyNUM: Dark one up north? I’m pretty sure that’s the Blood gods territory?

>Do you want us to comfort you?
:DaithiNUM: No, I… I just need some time to… think…
>Do you want us to send someone your way to keep you company?
:DaithiNUM: As I said, I want to be alone.
>Aren't the aliens in your room?
:DaithiNUM: …oh, right, them…
>We'll leave you be, but promise to get ready for your date. Or work on your Warstorm army. Or... anything but feel sorry for yourself all day.
:DaithiNUM:
:AtenaNUM: Dai, please… drowning in your own misery won’t help. Please keep yourself occupied.
:DaithiNUM: …fine, I’ll do something constructive.
>Alright Dai. We'll stay with Atena and make sure she's safe.
:AtenaNUM: Right then… Goodbye for now, Dai.
:DaithiNUM: …goodbye, Atnea…



:LucraisNUM: -asked for me to get you two but when we got back here he was just gone!
:ArthurNUM: That’s is rather rude, yes?
:LucraisNUM: Rude or not, I’m worried. He was acting strangely this morning… and last night Cedric dragged his unconscious body from the woods! What is going on!?
:CedricNUM: Don’t ask me, I just found him that way.
:ArthurNUM: Maybe he’s, how you say, a bit shaken after something he see in the woods, yes?
:NickolasNUM: Hmm… Acting odd? Found unconscious in the middle of the woods? Maybe he consumed something that he shouldn’t have?
:LucraisNUM: …are you saying that he’s taking drugs?
:NickolasNUM: … …I meant alcohol. He might have taken a glass to many yesterday, to try and steel his nerves for his date. Didn’t our guests see where he went?
:LucraisNUM: You mean the aliens? No, I don’t think so. Jerk face is still asleep and Wanderer is doing… something in their sleeping quarters…
>>
No. 627585 ID: f7c358

Heydaiisslowlyturningintoademonandhealsoateademon, nothing big right guys. right?
>>
No. 627588 ID: 9ddf68

Suuup, hey Nick, how are the new ears treating you and how's your friend liking her new tongue, forming words yet or still trying to get use to it? Also on the subject of Aliens how are the three who are holding up in the church doing? I mean two of them weren't with us when we found out they're trapped here so I'm kinda curious to see how they took the news.

As for Daithi, rouge night and bad dreams have kinda shaken the guy. We've already talked to the guy but just give him a bit to collect himself and he'll tell you when he's ready.

Also how have you been white? haven't spoken to you in awhile, well at least from our point of view it's been awhile.
>>
No. 627595 ID: 6e79d4

>>627585
Voting against this, again, we're beyond thin ice right now.

Sorry guys, that was our fault. The deceiver stepped up with the hallucinations last night. We don't know if it was compounded by the wine or what, but we had no idea it wasn't real until this morning. Anyway Dai was pretty upset that we had him running from shadows all night when he was on a date, but we've made our apologies and Atena was understanding, so he's just a bit shaken up. He was just headed back to his dorm.

So what's new with you guys? Purple says there's cult activity everywhere.
>>
No. 627602 ID: d958ad

>>627575
...this isn't staying with Atena. Dammit.

Okay guys, Atena took care of him. He had too much to drink and did something dumb on his date. The anxiety was causing him to hallucinate again about daemons, that's why he wanted the help of Arthur and Nickolas. Anyway, the two made up, he calmed down, and it's fine now.

Say, do any of you want to help out tracking down a pawn of Yellow? Atena's gonna do that, we want to make sure she's safe. It's over at Lady Baideal's.
>>
No. 627613 ID: 65a774
File 142542420008.png - (17.58KB , 900x450 , 25.png )
627613

>Heydaiisslowlyturningintoademonandhealsoateademon!
:LucraisNUM: …can you repeat that?
:NickolasNUM: I think I heard something about a demon?
:LucraisNUM: OH NO! Have Dai run into another one of those… shape shifting things!?
>Okay guys, Atena took care of him. He had too much to drink and did something dumb on his date.
:LucraisNUM: Oh, so he screwed up- I mean, great to hear that he’s alright…
:ArthurNUM: Hmm…
>The anxiety was causing him to hallucinate again about daemons, that's why he wanted the help of Arthur and Nickolas.
:NickolasNUM: Hallucinations? Doesn’t he have medication for that?
:ArthurNUM: Unless they are visions from demon we can’t do much, yes?
>Anyway, the two made up, he calmed down, and it's fine now.
:LucraisNUM: They- err… that’s good, I guess?
:NickolasNUM: Yes, Atena always was a reasonable one.
>He was just heading back to his dorm.
:LucraisNUM: Good, then he’ll be here soon.

>Nick, how are the new ears treating you and how's your friend liking her new tongue, forming words yet or still trying to get use to it?
:NickolasNUM: It is… odd… and Thyna is still rather be quiet… she always was a quiet one even before she lost her tongue.
>How are the three who are holding up in the church doing?
:NickolasNUM: I can’t truly tell. They are acting weird, but I don’t know if that has to do with them being alien or something else.
>So what's new with you guys? Purple says there's cult activity everywhere.
:ArthurNUM: Ah, yes, they found several traces of cult activity nearby. They probably have a hideout near the forest, yes? They even found, how you say, proof of demon activity… a chewed on boots covered with vile mucus.
:LucraisNUM: Someone was eaten!?
:ArthurNUM: Probably, but the weird thing is, boot belonged to a cultist, yes?
:LucraisNUM: Either way, we need to find whatever beast did that and put it down!
:NickolasNUM: Indeed, we can’t have something that eats people roaming free on the school grounds.

>Say, do any of you want to help out tracking down a pawn of Yellow? Atena's gonna do that, we want to make sure she's safe.
:LucraisNUM: Well… err… I’m not really a fighter so…
:NickolasNUM: I got a bad back…
:ArthurNUM: I need to help purple here, yes?
:CedricNUM: …err… I… have… um… homework?
>It's over at Lady Baideal's.
:LucraisNUM: Wait, at my place!? What did this yellow do at my mansion!? It wasn’t an attack, was it?
:LuciusNUM: *Yawn*… um… did I miss something?
>>
No. 627623 ID: d958ad

>>627613
We don't know what happened at your house, Lucrais. Details are sparse. Also, Daithi wants to be alone for a while, so when he arrives could you guys maybe not bother him too much? He's still a little embarrassed about yesterday, and today's conversation with Atena too.

Also how does a chewed on boot prove daemon activity? Couldn't a wild animal do that? If there is a daemon eating cultists, then... wouldn't it make the most sense for it to be The Deceiver? I mean, her cultists are essentially rebelling against her. It's not like we can stop it regardless. All we have that can hurt a daemon is the Dagger, which would only be useful if the daemon is defenseless somehow. The only way to make a daemon lose its powers is with anti-magic, and we have none of that here. Our best course of action may be to stay out of its way, and just let it eat cultists if that's what it wants to do. Also we're not supposed to actually kill daemons with it.

If you guys don't want to help with capturing that Yellow pawn- why is that anyway? Are you scared?- do you guys maybe want to meet with Red alongside Purple? The only other thing is to investigate the general cultist activity, but I thought that was the least important thing.
>>
No. 627667 ID: ea0ad9

>we can’t have something that eats people roaming free on the school grounds.
I don't think Cultists qualify. Still, gotta make sure it's not targeting non-cultists, if that's happening, then yeah, bring the torches and pitchforks.
>*Yawn*… um… did I miss something?
Oh, some daemon inspired freak of nature got eaten alive in the forest. Possibly not alive, actually, but it doesn't sound as spooky if they were dead beforehand. Being that they were a cultist, I don't mind that they got eaten, but I also don't know if what did that will only target cultists, so caution is advised.
>>
No. 627669 ID: 6e79d4

> Indeed, we can’t have something that eats people roaming free on the school grounds.
Alright! let's-
>I’m not really a fighter so…
>I got a bad back…
>I need to help purple here, yes?
>…err… I… have… um… homework?
... Oh fine, rain check on Daemon hunting. Just be careful around the woods, alright?

> Probably, but the weird thing is, boot belonged to a cultist, yes?
Maybe a daemon ate an underling who failed him? Or are there multiple deamon factions fighting over something?... And how do you know the boot belonged to a cultist?
>Wait, at my place!? What did this yellow do at my mansion!? It wasn’t an attack, was it?
No clue, but it's like a demilitarized zone plus an insurgency out there, you should bring help if you're going to check it out.
> *Yawn*… um… did I miss something?
Looks like our intelligence officer has volunteered.
>>
No. 627673 ID: 6d4595

>>627667
Cultists are still people. Even if some or most of them are far enough gone that the world may be better without them. Either way, it might be better if we can find it and make sure it doesn't hurt anyone innocent. Depending on how much of a foothold the cult really has, we may not be in a position to cut off a potential asset like that. Although I really doubt things will be that simple.
>>
No. 627725 ID: 65a774
File 142548810337.png - (17.17KB , 900x450 , 26.png )
627725

>Daithi wants to be alone for a while, so when he arrives could you guys maybe not bother him too much?
:LucraisNUM: Geez, what happened last night?
>Looks like our intelligence officer has volunteered.
:LuciusNUM: I what? What did you just volunteer me for?
>Oh, some daemon inspired freak of nature got eaten alive in the forest. Possibly not alive, actually.
:LuciusNUM: WHAT!? Something is eating people alive out there!? Whoa, count me out then, I’m not going to fight something like that!

>How does a chewed on boot prove daemon activity? Couldn't a wild animal do that?
:NickolasNUM: I’m pretty sure there aren’t any beast around here that eat whole mantises.
:ArthurNUM: We also tested the vile, green mucus we found and it had traces of shape stealer in it. It might be some kind of, how you say, more… um… better shape stealer?
:LuciusNUM: More advanced? Evolved?
:ArthurNUM: More advance shape stealer, yes. They’ve never been known to eat people like that before, so something is different.
>Maybe a daemon ate an underling who failed him? Or are there multiple deamon factions fighting over something?
:ArthurNUM: Different cults are fighting each other, yes, so both those ideas are possible.
:LuciusNUM: Wait, if you only found a shoe… are you sure someone was eaten and this demon thingy didn’t just chew on a discarded shoe?
:ArthurNUM: Err… Demon spawns doesn’t chew on shoes without reason?
:LuciusNUM: I take that as a no…
>it might be better if we can find it and make sure it doesn't hurt anyone innocent. Depending on how much of a foothold the cult really has, we may not be in a position to cut off a potential asset like that.
:ArthurNUM: Purple already has people looking into it. No demon beast will be able to walk free near this school, yes?
>And how do you know the boot belonged to a cultist?
:NickolasNUM: Apparently it had the name of a hunted cultist written inside it.

>We don't know what happened at your house, Lucrais.
:LucraisNUM: …maybe I should go with Atena then, to make sure everything is alright back home…
>If you guys don't want to help with capturing that Yellow pawn- why is that anyway? Are you scared?
:NickolasNUM: No, I’m just an old man that will probably just be in the way if you get into a fight.
:ArthurNUM: Purple need me to take care of things here. It got to do with the cultist in the woods, yes?
:CedricNUM: I… err… have to… um… fix… … …something?
:LucraisNUM: You’re just lazy, Ced.
>- do you guys maybe want to meet with Red alongside Purple?
:NickolasNUM: Wait, who is red again?
:LuciusNUM: I rather meet this red instead of meeting that man eating monster, sure…
:CedricNUM: I got… um… to… clean my room?
:LucraisNUM: Yeah right, Ced… wait, shouldn’t Dai be back by now?
>>
No. 627732 ID: d958ad

>>627725
...did you not lock the door? Lucius, you can't be seen.
[scan armored person]
[check status of pawns]
>>
No. 627734 ID: ea0ad9

>Yeah right, Ced… wait, shouldn’t Dai be back by now?
Cedric's covering for him, duh. Pay attention, he got back a while ago. That, or he's just waiting for him to get back and doesn't want to admit it, because he really wants to go and join the other activities.
>>627732
Ah, that's probably one of the other guys who happened to come from the church. I mean, those ones can customize their appearance, right? Probably just wanted to meet the intelligence officer.
>>
No. 627739 ID: 0d33d1

I wonder what dai's mom is doing right now.
>>
No. 627744 ID: 6d4595

You know, I'm kind of worried about Dai. I mean, he had that weird thing where Nickolas could sense something, but Arthur's tests turned up nothing. If whatever that thing was that attacked that cultist ends up hurting him... Shit, I don't know what I'd do.
>>
No. 627747 ID: 6e79d4

>Are you sure someone was eaten and this demon thingy didn’t just chew on a discarded shoe?
Well, add 'red herring' to the list of theories to keep in mind. Having a name just written on the inside does sound a little convenient.

Alright, Red is supposed to be in an Inn somewhere, correct? Assuming that armored fellow isn't a pawn who found us first, we had better start looking there. Just don't go near the woods for any reason and come back before dark.
>>
No. 627752 ID: 65a774
File 142550175468.png - (17.53KB , 900x450 , 27.png )
627752

>[check status of pawns]
[“The magician”: Depressed, Suicidal. “Strength”: Content. “The Tower”: Worried. “The Chariot”: Worried. ”The High Priestess”: Snuggling.]
>[scan armored person]
[{%^*¤öö43}]

>Cedric's covering for him, duh.
:CedricNUM: I am? I thought I was just trying to not being dragged into a hunt for dangerous cultist and freakish monsters.
>Pay attention, he got back a while ago.
:LucraisNUM: I’m pretty sure I would notice if he came back.
>You know, I'm kind of worried about Dai. I mean, he had that weird thing where Nickolas could sense something, but Arthur's tests turned up nothing.
:NickolasNUM: Indeed, something is a bit off about that… maybe it’s some kind of marker for the cultist to see?
:ArthurNUM: To show him as prey or that he’s off limits?
:NickolasNUM: Or is it something else? Hmm…
>If whatever that thing was that attacked that cultist ends up hurting him... Shit, I don't know what I'd do.
:LucraisNUM: The inquisition really need to hunt down and kill that thing before it hurts someone.
:ArthurNUM: Purple is already on it I already said, yes?

>...did you not lock the door?
:LucraisNUM: Yeah, the door is locked? Why? Wait, who’s that!? Where did he come from!?
>Ah, that's probably one of the other guys who happened to come from the church. I mean, those ones can customize their appearance, right?
:NickolasNUM: If it is, why did it come from inside the dorm instead of the outside then?
:WandererNUM: This huuuman is named Ooone Whooo Wandeeerrrr. This huuuman is cooompleeet nooormal huuuman like yooo.
:LucraisNUM: Wait, Wanderer?
:CedricNUM: Oh, I forgot to tell you guys. The plant guy asked me to go get a full set of armor this morning.
:LuciusNUM: …there’s no way anyone is going to be fooled by that thing… wait why can you suddenly talk so well?
:LucraisNUM: And how did you even fit in that thing?
:WandererNUM: This huuuman booorrowed speeeeaker frooom Sakkil.
:LuciusNUM: Speaker? Wait, YOU’RE THE ONE WHO STOLE MY MUSIC PLAYER!? YOU… You… gah!
:WandererNUM: This huuuman ask fooor fooorgiveneeess.
>>
No. 627760 ID: d958ad

>>627752
Okay everything's fine here let's go check on Daithi.
[switch to Daithi]

DAITHI DON'T DO IT YOU HAVE SO MUCH TO LIVE FOR
>>
No. 627763 ID: 9ddf68

wait, didn't wonderer gain a sudden leap in his speech do to having to set through that one snake guy's babble for about an hour? I could have sworn that was the case and he could speak perfectly now.

anyways Lucrais, do you want to go with Atena or do you want to stay back here? I mean it might give you a chance to see your knight in action again, like when she saved you.

Anyways we should probably jump back to Dai to make sure the little guy is doing ok and then we'll let Atena know if she's going at it alone or not.

[switch to Daithi]
>>
No. 627769 ID: 6d4595

Whatever this thing is, we may not want to do anything major until we know more about it. For all we know, just straight up killing it may cause something worse. Wouldn't be the first time. But anyway, since Dai seems to be running a bit late, we should go check on him and warn him about whatever that thing is.

[switch to Daithi]
>>
No. 627771 ID: dbe554

How did he fit in there!? He was like literally twice to three times width of a human!
>>
No. 627774 ID: 6e79d4

> This huuuman ask fooor fooorgiveneeess.
Next time ask before you appropriate anything.

Alright you guys sit tight unless you're going to start looking for red. We'll see what's taking Dai so long and then help Atena look into the break-in.
>>
No. 627825 ID: 65a774
File 142557458356.png - (16.89KB , 900x450 , 28.png )
627825

>Whatever this thing is, we may not want to do anything major until we know more about it. For all we know, just straight up killing it may cause something worse.
:NickolasNUM: Hmm, yes, knowledge is needed. If anything, knowing what we’re looking for will help us find it and deal with it.
:ArthurNUM: Knowing where to hit it is very good thing to know in a fight, yes?
>How did he fit in there!? He was like literally twice to three times width of a human!
:LucraisNUM: Exactly what I asked! There’s no way Wanderer fit in that thing!
:WandererNUM: Oooneee whooo wandeeers.
:LuciusNUM: He’s been fiddling with that suit all morning. It’s possible he used that weird bag of his that is bigger on the inside to do something with it.
>Next time ask before you appropriate anything.
:WandererNUM: Will dooo.
>Wait, didn't wonderer gain a sudden leap in his speech do to having to set through that one snake guy's babble for about an hour? I could have sworn that was the case and he could speak perfectly now.
:LucraisNUM: Wait, when did that happen?
:WandererNUM: I haveee nooot spoooken that looong with snake yeeet.
:LuciusNUM: Hmmm…

>Anyways Lucrais, do you want to go with Atena or do you want to stay back here?
:LucraisNUM: I better go and check what happened to my home, yeah. If I hurry I might catch up with Atena before she leaves the school.
>I mean it might give you a chance to see your knight in action again, like when she saved you.
:LucraisNUM: Oh, shut it. She’s not my knight in shining armor, which will heroically protect me from- err… shut up, I’m leaving.
*Doom Door Noise!*
:LuciusNUM: …so… she plays for both teams, eh?
:NickolasNUM: Please, let’s not discuss something like that now.
:WandererNUM: Boooth teeeams ooof what? Is this oooneee ooof thoooseee “spooort” things?

>[switch to Daithi]
[Unable to connect!]
>DAITHI DON'T DO IT YOU HAVE SO MUCH TO LIVE FOR
:NickolasNUM: Wait, what!?
:ArthurNUM: “Wait what”, what?
:LuciusNUM: I’m calling it! Something just went horribly wrong, right?
:NickolasNUM: Daithi, don’t do it? You have so much to live for?
:ArthurNUM: Oh crap, that doesn’t sound good…
>>
No. 627828 ID: d958ad

>>627825
Wanderer's speech did improve from talking to the Serpens scientist, yes. It did not become perfect, though, he was having trouble with pronunciation before then. It's still elongated.

So uh, Daithi might be having more issues than we talked about. It's private though. Now we're having trouble switching to him and we don't know where he is. Looks like we're stuck with Nickolas right now. Why don't you help us out? This task doesn't involve hunting down any cultists or enemy pawns, so you won't have to fight, and the others don't get to use cowardice as an excuse. Heck, Wanderer can even come with, so long as he keeps the visor down. Lucius can use a disguise again I bet- maybe just copy Wanderer's armor. Last we saw him he was leaving the library. He should still be on campus. Maybe he's thinking about jumping from a high building?
>>
No. 627829 ID: 60700b

>Boooth teeeams ooof what?
Someone will eventually need to tell him about how other species procreate, as plants do it very differently.

But for now, we have a king to console!
>>
No. 627831 ID: d958ad

...hang on, has Wanderer been contradicting things we already know about him? Nickolas, you'd be able to smell a shapestealer, right?
>>
No. 627838 ID: 9ddf68

...We can't switch to other people. So, now we get to play a rousing game of 'who's fucking with us and messing up our powers'

sigh, Cedric, if Dai wanted to be alone but didn't want to come back to his room where would he go? I ask because you are his best friend. Nick, being a priest and all can you help handle people who need someone to talk to but don't want to talk to anyone about there problems? I ask because Dai is going through a phase right now and we're a bit worried about him. As for what is wrong with him, well I feel it would be best if he told you when he's ready.
>>
No. 627845 ID: 6e79d4

Shit. We can't connect to Daithi, and his status is listed as suicidal. Under any other circumstance we should split up to search more ground, but with everything that's been happening...

If we call Atena now, in Lucrais will be alone at her house. Unless Arthur's business is urgent or Ced still needs to do nebulous chores, they should go with Nick and Lucius.
>>
No. 627902 ID: 65a774
File 142566532696.png - (16.86KB , 900x450 , 29.png )
627902

>Someone will eventually need to tell him about how other species procreate, as plants do it very differently.
:NickolasNUM: Explaining flowers and bees to a flower? Hmm…
:LuciusNUM: Dibs on not doing that.
:WandererNUM: This oooneee nooot floooweeer. This oooneee bush.
>...hang on, has Wanderer been contradicting things we already know about him?
:WandererNUM: …This oooneee haveee?
:LuciusNUM: I don’t know, I can’t remember him talking with the snake alien either.
>Nickolas, you'd be able to smell a shapestealer, right?
:NickolasNUM: Yes and no. I might sense that something is off, but unless it starts using its corrupted abilities, I can’t know for sure. Of course, I don’t think ‘The one who Wanders’ here is a shape stealer, mostly because they would have a hard time mimicking him… her… err… it?

>Shit. We can't connect to Daithi, and his status is listed as suicidal.
:NickolasNUM: That’s not good at all! We need to find him at once!
:CedricNUM: But where is he?
:LuciusNUM: Wait, what happened yesterday? I mean, someone suddenly wanting to take their own life is a bit… drastic?
:ArthurNUM: We need to be drastic ourselves if we want to help him, yes?
>So uh, Daithi might be having more issues than we talked about. It's private though.
:NickolasNUM: …private?
:LuciusNUM: Did he really embarrass himself that much?
:ArthurNUM: Maybe he’s harboring a dark secret, hmm?
>Cedric, if Dai wanted to be alone but didn't want to come back to his room where would he go? I ask because you are his best friend.
:CedricNUM: Err… well… we usually hang out here… or at his parents place… but... let’s see… there’s the clearing out back, we sometimes go there and make a fire just to hang out…
:LuciusNUM: Great, I’m guessing that’s at the edge of the monster infested forest, am I right?
:CedricNUM: Err… kind off? Then there’s the old barrack down on the first floor. It hasn’t been used for ages so we usually hang out there after we nick some wine from the church.
:NickolasNUM: That was you!?
:CedricNUM: Err… what, no, of course not… I meant… when… um…
:NickolasNUM: No matter… that place is crawling with those goons the empress daughter brought with her… of course, they will probably not take to kindly having a male mantis cadet running into their new sleeping quarters, what with them all being female…
:CedricNUM: Last, we got the old lofts at the top. There’s never anyone there.
:ArthurNUM: Except the men Purple sent there to make sure there wasn’t any spawns or cultist hiding about…
:WandererNUM: Tooo many choices… tooo littleee timeee…
:CedricNUM: I’m not even sure if he’s in any of those places either, to be honest.
>Nick, being a priest and all can you help handle people who need someone to talk to but don't want to talk to anyone about their problems?
:NickolasNUM: I can try, sure, but it usually helps if I know what’s wrong.

>Unless Arthur's business is urgent or Ced still needs to do nebulous chores, they should go with Nick and Lucius.
:CedricNUM: Of course I’m in! I’m not going to leave my best bro hanging because of some made up chores!
:ArthurNUM: Finding Dai is our top priority. Purple even said he will have other people look too, yes?
>Heck, Wanderer can even come with, so long as he keeps the visor down. Lucius can use a disguise again I bet- maybe just copy Wanderer's armor.
:LuciusNUM: I guess I can come? I mean, I’m sure it beats sitting around doing nothing?
:WandererNUM: This oooneee will aid yooo in its quest!
:CedricNUM: Then we’re a party of five!
:UnknownKAK: *Cough*
:CedricNUM: Party of six, counting the mantis lady in the back.
:NickolasNUM: Great, so… where too first? Or should we split up?
:ArthurNUM: Purple said he can have some men look somewhere too, if needed, yes?
>>
No. 627921 ID: ea0ad9

>Great, I’m guessing that’s at the edge of the monster infested forest, am I right?
I'm guessing Daithi would be there, personally. I mean, what better way to kill yourself than by going out fighting?
>>
No. 627925 ID: 6e79d4

[scan/check status of pawns]

Alright, Arthur, you have access to the roof, take Lucius with you and tell us if you see anything. Ced and Wanderer, check out the clearing. Thyna, do you think you could sneak into the barracks? Nick, you had better stay in the dorm in case he comes back. If nobody sees anything, start spreading out, but stay in groups. And don't go into the woods for any reason, unless you know for a fact that Dai is there. We'll go see if he's gone home and then check up with Atena and Lu.

[switch to The High Priestess]
>>
No. 627926 ID: d958ad

>>627902
Daithi isn't going to go anywhere that's populated while he's in this state. He said he wanted to be alone. We should be present to check the clearing and maybe some of the forest.

Well... maybe he went to the barracks, thinking they were empty. I wouldn't want Black to get ahold of him. How about Arthur checks that out? He can bring Cedric, and maybe someone else from Purple's side?
[check status of pawns]

(Here's hoping Daithi is in the clearing/forest. If so, only our pawns will be there. That way if he does something suspicious or blurts it out, even, it won't be game over for us.)
>>
No. 627928 ID: d958ad

Oh, and just to clear things up, I'd like everyone to say what they think a daemon is. We've personally met what, 7 daemons so far? We can probably clear up any misunderstandings of their nature.
>>
No. 627934 ID: d958ad

>>627925
>gone home

Well, that is possible... However, usually when we switch to somewhere without actively doing so, it's for a good reason. He's probably here somewhere. Besides, Purple can have Daithi's dad keep an eye out.
>>
No. 627938 ID: 9ddf68

Arthur, could you ask purple to check the old lofts since he's already got people there. Cedric can check out the clearing and have white contact us if you see him and if you're worried about getting into a fight feel free to take Arthur. Nick since the old barrack is close to where you keep your church supplies can you take your lady friend and head down there to see if he's around? If Black's goons start asking why you're snooping around Cedric just gave you a excuse, you're looking for whoever keeps take the church wine. As for the two gods in our company, yes here wonder and Lucius are technically gods, not really sure who you should go with. I would advise against the old barracks since that's where black is and last I heard is still looking for you guys but it's also the only place we will be in directly so I'll leave it up to you.
>>
No. 628012 ID: 65a774
File 142574146627.png - (20.53KB , 900x450 , 30.png )
628012

>[Check status of pawns]
[“The Tower”: Depressed, Suicidal. “Strength”: Worried. “The Tower”: Worried, exited. “The Chariot”: Worried. ”The High Priestess”: Happy.]

>I'd like everyone to say what they think a daemon is.
:NickolasNUM: Is this really the best time to ask that?
>We've personally met what, 7 daemons so far? We can probably clear up any misunderstandings of their nature.
:NickolasNUM: …I guess? As far as I know, they are beings from another world who feed on emotions and souls. Their very presence corrupts those around them and so far most of them seem only interested in seeing us suffer.
:ArthurNUM: Err… that is mostly true, yes, except for that last part. They do have other motivation, but they are rather bad at making sure they aren’t hurting mortals. Either from ignorance or from a lack of empathy. Most of them aren’t exactly mustache twirling evil.
:CedricNUM: All I know of them is that they are bad news and people who come in contact with them either end up dead or crazy.
:LuciusNUM: Hmm… as far as I’ve gathered they are either clean cut evil for the sake of evil black creatures or more grayish sympathetic things that can’t help what they are. I’ve yet figured out what kind of story rules this world runs on.
:NickolasNUM: This isn’t some fantasy story.
:LuciusNUM: Really? So far this whole adventure has been rather cliché, if you ask me. Oh, I’m going to take a wild guess and say that the reason Dai is so worked up is that he found out some kind of dark secret about himself yesterday.
:ArthurNUM: Dark secret?
:LuciusNUM: …Hmm… (and with those voices asking us about demons all the sudden…)
:WandererNUM: This oooneee think deeemon neeeds hugs.

>Daithi isn't going to go anywhere that's populated while he's in this state. He said he wanted to be alone.
:CedricNUM: As I said, he probably think all three of those places are deserted.
:LuciusNUM: Well, that really removed some options, didn’t it?
>I'm guessing Daithi would be at the clearing, personally. I mean, what better way to kill yourself than by going out fighting?
:CedricNUM: Err… Dai has never really been much of a fighter type. I don’t think he would go kill himself by fighting… whatever is out there.
:NickolasNUM: Besides, does he even know it’s dangerous out there?

>Arthur, could you ask purple to check the old lofts since he's already got people there.
:ArthurNUM: He doesn’t have a pawn there at the moment, but I can run up and check if you want too.
>Ced and Wanderer, check out the clearing.
:CedricNUM: Right, White will message you if we find anything.
>Thyna, do you think you could sneak into the barracks? Nick, you had better stay in the dorm in case he comes back.
:UnknownKAK: Err…
:NickolasNUM: Aren’t I the only one who you guys can follow here?
>Nick since the old barrack is close to where you keep your church supplies can you take your lady friend and head down there to see if he's around?
:NickolasNUM: Hmm… I should tell them someone nicked some of my wine again… that can work, yes.
:LuciusNUM: Um… can I come with you? I was kind of left out…
:NickolasNUM: Just keep your disguise up. Let’s go.



>[switch to The High Priestess]
:CeanaNUM: Mmm… what has gotten into you, dear? It was ages since we did something like this…
:CathalNUM: Oh, I… I just thought we needed to spice things up a bit… we were drifting apart there for a while, weren’t we?
:CeanaNUM: It’s good to know that you still have some romance stuck in those old bones of yours… we must do this again soon, honey…
:CathalNUM: ohf... speaking of old bones, I’m hurting all over after what we did last night.
:CeanaNUM: With how virile you were yesterday, I’m not surprised…
>>
No. 628013 ID: 0d33d1

(Hey guys, should we keep this a secret to his mom or not?)
>>
No. 628022 ID: 6e79d4

>>628013
(It should be Dai's decision. I think he knows deep down that she ought to know, but he should accept it first.)

*cough* Uhh, sorry to crash in unannounced, but do you know if Dai has come home? We can't switch to his perspective and he needs help. If not, can you think of any place he would go to be alone?
>>
No. 628038 ID: ea0ad9

Oh jeez, I didn't think you were this active. We might need to swap over to Nickolas again.
>>
No. 628039 ID: 9ddf68

glad to see someone had a good night. When your ready could we talk to you for a moment. Cause whatever we have to say is more then likely going to ruin your good mood... sorry.

(oh and quick question to all you guys, you know how steve is going to turn himself mortal? think we could ask him how that works and try it on Daithi so he's less emo?)
>>
No. 628046 ID: d958ad

>>628012
(Hmm, Daithi disguised himself as Lucrais? Or was that a typo? Also fuck, Lucius is genre savvy. I hope he doesn't spill the beans or drop too many hints.)

Hi, sorry to ruin the mood, but Daithi might be in a bit of trouble and we'd like to maybe know where he goes when he's really depressed?

>>628039
(He's going to possess a mortal body completely, basically. Daithi would probably have to get more powerful before he could do that.)
>>
No. 628152 ID: d958ad

...what if...
[switch to The Diligent One]
>>
No. 628161 ID: 27c0e0

I see a small blue stone hut its probably nothing also why are we here again.
>>
No. 628203 ID: 65a774
File 142583595821.png - (20.65KB , 900x450 , 31.png )
628203

>*cough* Uhh, sorry to crash in unannounced, but do you know if Dai has come home?
:CeanaNUM: Huh? Oh, we got visitors, dear.
:CathalNUM: Wha- Ah! Cover yourself!
:CeanaNUM: Now, now, I’m sure they aren’t here to ogle. Anyway, it’s time rise and shine anyway. Get up and get dressed, love.
:CathalNUM: Aw… I wanted to snuggle some more, my queen…
:CeanaNUM: That can wait to tonight. Up and at them, Cathal.
:CathalNUM: *Grumble*
:CeanaNUM: And Dai? No, the servant would have told me if he had come home today.

>Oh jeez, I didn't think you were this active.
:CeanaNUM: Hey! What do you mean by that!? I’m not that old!
>Glad to see someone had a good night.
:CeanaNUM: Oh, it was marvelous! I didn’t think Cathal should be that romantic!
:CathalNUM: Well… err… I must admit, I had some help…
:CeanaNUM: You should ask for help more often, then!
>I see a small blue stone.
:CeanaNUM: Oh, that old thing? I believe I found it on an old barbaric shrine when I was still in the military. No idea what it’s supposed to be but it looks nice. Though I have to wonder what material that perfect cyan sphere is made out of… hmm…

>When your ready could we talk to you for a moment. Cause whatever we have to say is more then likely going to ruin your good mood... sorry.
:CeanaNUM: …Something happened to my little grasshopper!?
:CathalNUM: Huh? Dai is in trouble!?
>Daithi might be in a bit of trouble and we'd like to maybe know where he goes when he's really depressed?
:CeanaNUM: Depressed!? Did the date really end that badly!?
:CathalNUM: Err…
:CeanaNUM: I… if I remember correctly then he… he usually went up to those lofts in the academy when he wanted to be alone…
:CathalNUM: We should head over there. He might need someone to talk to!
:CeanaNUM: Good idea, hun!
>>
No. 628205 ID: 65a774
File 142583599905.png - (13.89KB , 900x450 , 32.png )
628205

>[switch to The Diligent One]
:CedricNUM: … …w-what am I?

:LucraisNUM: …I… am I even a… a… a m-mantis?

:AtenaNUM: Do… do I even h-have a soul anymore?
*Clirr*
:ArthurNUM: Wops, Sorry for that, yes?
:InqisNUM: Shut up! We can’t let that demon hear us before we got is surrounded!
:InqisNUM: I don’t think it heard us…
:AtenaNUM:
>>
No. 628210 ID: 0d33d1

Wait a second, HOLD UP!
>>
No. 628219 ID: d958ad

>>628205
(aha, I was right!)
Daithi... you are still the same person you always were. You're just finding out more about yourself. Stop freaking yourself out with the flawed shapeshifting nonsense. Isn't it obvious that the only form you can get right is your true form? Also like everyone is worried about you now because your status says "suicidal". We were organizing a huge search, which looks like it would have backfired horribly, considering what you're doing right now and who those guys are. Sooo we gotta fucking get out of here. It'd be nice if you could do that without killing any of the Inquisition mooks around here and without tipping them off as to your identity. How about jumping out that window? You could shapeshift into something that could fly! Or just something that could handle the fall, we're on the second story right?

Oh as far as souls are concerned, yes. Every sapient creature has a soul. If you make a sapient creature artificially, it will even develop a soul over time, with a rich enough life.

[@Purple, White: Alright we figured out what was wrong with the switching thing, we got to him and he's not actually trying to kill himself, at least not yet. We'll try to get him back to the dorms.]
>>
No. 628220 ID: 60700b

[Scan those present and those hidden nearby]
>>
No. 628236 ID: ea0ad9

Oh. I see, you switched over, huh? Daithi is Daithi, after all. Be careful about shifting so much, though, as you'll just be bringing the demon side out again!

(Purple's right here, so he knows, now. Gotta word things carefully.)
[Message Purple: Careful, he's in a precarious place. Being depressed and feeling suicidal, he might legitimately try and fight if it comes to that.
I'm sorry, you were right. We did know who the Daemortal is. I wasn't kidding when I said he might need help being educated on how to embrace mortality--Just as Yellow has gone through so many cycles, so have we, and should he lose out to the Daemon side... We basically are removed from play.]
>>
No. 628238 ID: 9d1c42

>>628236
[Block Transmission]

Okay seriously Toko, do you want his death? No offence but telling that to the zealous demonhater is GOING to end wrong. Right now they do not know that the shapeshifter IS Daithi. At least i hope. Because if that comes to be known, we´re fucked in any hole anyway.

Right now we should help Daithi get ou of here and keep his sanity.

Oh, and by the way Dai, the fact that you doubt and are confused shows that you´re not a soulless entity. Every demon we met so far was self assured and knew what they were. To have doubts about oneself, thats a thorough mortal thing to do. And even then, remember your life. You were born a mantis and lived as one. That has to count for something.
>>
No. 628239 ID: 9ddf68

sigh, god dammit kid.

If you want me to answer those questions, yes you are still you, you never stopped being you. If anything something was added to you not taken away, even if you feel like you've lost everything know you haven't lost yourself.

But now, we have to deal with the mess that we find ourselves in. don't turn back into yourself right now as that would just add to our problems. Your going to have to get out of here and without killing anyone. I see two guards behind the create next to the dresser but I don't see anyone behind the create next to the old clock so walk that way.
>>
No. 628242 ID: 6e79d4

..Well it should now be obvious that you're being eavesdropped on.

Daithi, your soul isn't something that can be lost or sold or whatever. It's life energy. As long as you're still kicking, you still have a soul. Now I know life's been bad for you in the past, but things eventually started to look up, right? You're strong enough to get through this too. You're strong enough to control the urges instead of letting them control you.

Now stop shapechanging so frequently, you'll start working up a hunger, or worse. Everyone's been worried sick since you disappeared- Arthur came up here looking for you, and everyone else has mobilized as well. You'll need to find another place to go to- your parents just left the house, you could go there. Ditch these guards by going out the window.

>(Purple's right here, so he knows, now. Gotta word things carefully.)
(No, he doesn't. Dai is listed as 'Diligent' right now, not 'The Magician', right? Purple might even not scan him immediately. Purple's already gearing up for a bushwhack, telling him Dai is unstable may attack at any moment is the worst possible thing you could say to get him to back down.)
>>
No. 628272 ID: 65a774
File 142585598275.png - (13.86KB , 900x450 , 33.png )
628272

>[Scan those present and those hidden nearby]
[“The Diligent” Status: Depressed, Suicidal.]
[“The Star” belongs to player Purple!]
[Neutral Creature(Hostile): Inquisitor Templar.] x 3
>[@Purple, White: Alright we figured out what was wrong with the switching thing, we got to him and he's not actually trying to kill himself, at least not yet. We'll try to get him back to the dorms.]
[Purple: Ah, good, then I can focus elsewhere. I have a lot of other matters to attend. If you see Arthur can you tell him to report to the commander? I’m too busy reassigning him from looking for Dai right now.]
[White: Great! As for Cedric and me, we haven’t found anything out here. The plants seem rather interested in picking flowers though…]

>We gotta fucking get out of here.
Huh? Oh, yeah, of course! But how!?
>Ditch these guards by going out the window.
What? Are you crazy? That fall would definitely kill me… and I would land right in front of the front gates guards.
>You could shapeshift into something that could fly!
I can barely shapeshift into another person! Do you really think I can take form of an animal and fly? I don’t think I should even do that in a controlled environment, let alone in free fall while being chased.
>Or just something that could handle the fall, we're on the second story right?
Fifth floor… but… maybe I should just take the plunge? It’s probably faster than being tortured by the inquisition… and… I mean… that way I’ll be sure I… I never eat… …
>I know life's been bad for you in the past, but things eventually started to look up, right? You're strong enough to get through this too.


>I don't see anyone behind the create next to the old clock so walk that way.
…walk? More like RUN!!!
:InqisNUM: It’s getting away! Char- HEY WATCH IT!
:InqisNUM: *Ohf!*
:InqisNUM: Where did it go!?
:ArthurNUM: This way! I saw it round this corner over here!
>>
No. 628273 ID: 65a774
File 142585599884.png - (12.89KB , 900x450 , 34.png )
628273

…I can’t believe that actually worked…

>Be careful about shifting so much, though, as you'll just be bringing the demon side out again!
…I… yes, I shouldn’t use those… those corrupting powers.
>Everyone's been worried sick since you disappeared- Arthur came up here looking for you, and everyone else has mobilized as well.
…and now Arthur is trying to kill me… … …at least he doesn’t know it was really me, right?
>Daithi... you are still the same person you always were. You're just finding out more about yourself. Stop freaking yourself out with the flawed shapeshifting nonsense. Isn't it obvious that the only form you can get right is your true form?
…I… but…
>Daithi is Daithi, after all.
…that’s true, but-
>Remember your life. You were born a mantis and lived as one. That has to count for something.
Yeah… I’m… I was…
>You are still you, you never stopped being you. If anything something was added to you not taken away, even if you feel like you've lost everything know you haven't lost yourself.
I’m me…
>Daithi, your soul isn't something that can be lost or sold or whatever. It's life energy. As long as you're still kicking, you still have a soul.

>Oh as far as souls are concerned, yes. Every sapient creature has a soul.
… …it’s funny, really… I-I don’t even b-believe in souls… and here I am… w-worrying about it… I… you… y-you’re right, I need to stop doing that. I am strong enough to get through this… not for myself, but for the others… for Cedric… Mom… all my dads… my siblings… Arthur… Lucrais… and… and… Atena… yeah… I can do this…

>You'll need to find another place to go to- your parents just left the house, you could go there.
Home? I… I don’t know… maybe I should just head down to the dorm and wait this out? …but first, I need to get out of this loft. They are bound to have posted guards at all the stairs by now…
>>
No. 628275 ID: 9ddf68

shift into a Inquisitor Templar, claim you're going for reinforcements, find a deserted area, change back to self, go to your dorm.
>>
No. 628311 ID: 6e79d4

Alright, you may have to put your new abilities to the test. Try and mimic Arthur, you can do it more convincingly than imitating some goon. Remember, the armor is white with gold trim, and the boots, gauntlets, pauldrons and insignia are all red; everything else is chain mail. Check in the mirror to make sure it's accurate. look out the window just so you're not going out blind. and finally, remember he ends damn near every sentence with 'yes?'.

..You know, sans that tic, his speech has improved dramatically. Must be that player influence.

We need to get our stories straight as soon as we can. When lu gathered up Ced, Nick and Arthur in your dorm, they theorized that you may have had too much to drink last night, so we rolled with it and added that you started hallucinating again. That explains away last nights' events, we can cover for you if anyone questions the story, and you can say that this morning you were still in shock and/or thought you were- or actually were- still hallucinating, but we'll need to think up an excuse for why you were out so long when Lu was getting the others.
>>
No. 628313 ID: a0f3a9

>>628275
not a great idea, they'd know it wasn't one of them. they've been sticking together remember? And they know that shapechangers exist. if anything he should just run the other way and try to get to a place he can shift to normal and slip away.
>>
No. 628316 ID: d958ad

>>628273
Daithi, your powers aren't going to "corrupt" you. That word refers to the tendency of daemons to impose their own personality onto others either on purpose or by proximity to their minions. You can't do that to yourself, obviously. What might happen, however, is that overuse of these powers could make you hungry faster. Just go with what Libby said, not our paranoia. Also of note is that if a daemon possesses someone, they can be corrupted by the mortal's personality... it goes both ways in that case. Heh... I wonder if maybe The Deceiver is experiencing that?

If they're guarding the stairwells you're not going to get past unless you disguise yourself. You'll have to use the mirror to make sure the disguise is right, though. Purple is trying to reassign Arthur somewhere else, so maybe you can get away with assuming his form.
>>
No. 628382 ID: 65a774
File 142591636011.png - (14.72KB , 900x450 , 35.png )
628382

>Daithi, your powers aren't going to "corrupt" you. That word refers to the tendency of daemons to impose their own personality onto others either on purpose or by proximity to their minions. You can't do that to yourself, obviously.
It might still make me all evil and stuff! You know, change my personality!?
>We need to get our stories straight as soon as we can. When lu gathered up Ced, Nick and Arthur in your dorm, they theorized that you may have had too much to drink last night, so we rolled with it and added that you started hallucinating again.
Right, so I’m a drunk and a loon… great…
>We'll need to think up an excuse for why you were out so long when Lu was getting the others.
I was talking with Atena about last night? That’s what I did, after all. The best lies are usually the true ones.
>Alright, you may have to put your new abilities to the test. Try and mimic Arthur, you can do it more convincingly than imitating some goon.
:ArthurNUM:I am Arthur. I, how you say, speak odd at times, yes?
>Remember, the armor is white with gold trim, and the boots, gauntlets, pauldrons and insignia are all red; everything else is chain mail. Check in the mirror to make sure it's accurate.
…I… I think I got it? Probably? Either way, let’s get out of here before-

>Not a great idea, they'd know it wasn't one of them. They've been sticking together remember? And they know that shapechangers exist.
:InqisNUM: Hey you! What are you doing here alone!? We’re supposed to stick in groups of at least three!
:ArthurNUM: Err…
>Claim you're going for reinforcements.
:ArthurNUM: I was… getting reinforcements, yes?
:InqisNUM: … … …what’s the password?
:ArthurNUM: ... (Oh crap…)
>>
No. 628387 ID: 0d33d1

Who is the one over at the left.
>>
No. 628388 ID: d958ad

>>628382
UH.

Wait maybe they're using our password. "The pear stalks in the light"?
>>
No. 628390 ID: dbe554

Oh wow what a moment for us to finally see ourselves in a mirror, crap crap crap.
>>
No. 628391 ID: 6d4595

>>628390
That shouldn't be that big of a deal. All we have to do is make sure something is between us and the mirror. Quick, everyone hide behind Dai
>>
No. 628394 ID: 65a774
File 142592834092.png - (14.62KB , 900x450 , 36.png )
628394

>Who is the one over at the left.
…that would be Arthur… the real Arthur… shit…

:DaithiNUM: ‘Err… The pear stalks in the light?’
:InqisNUM: …What? What kind of stupid, inane password is that!? That has to- Hey you! Halt! Who are you and why are you walking around alone too!?
:ArthurNUM: Orders from the top, yes? I am to leave for, how you say, regroup and other mission, yes?
:InqisNUM: …password?
:ArthurNUM: We don’t freaking have a password, Taffer.
:InqisNUM: Right then, you’re clear to leave, Templar. Now, what should we do with this fellow who didn’t-
:ArthurNUM: Just show him a holy symbol, yes?
:InqisNUM: …huh?
:ArthurNUM: If he is demon that he will react and we kill him, yes? Otherwise, he’s just… how you say, incomplete, yes?
:InqisNUM: I think you mean incompetent, but you’re right. Brandish your symbols, men!
:DaithiNUM: ‘err…’
:InqisNUM: …nothing? Then he’s not the shape stealer that’s loose.
:ArthurNUM: Yes, he is just very stupid. Now, stupid soldier, come with me. We do believe we’ve figured out who this demon was… how you say, impersh… improve… pretending to be, yes? If we leave now then we can set up an ambush and kill it in the dorm it sleeps in, yes?
:DaithiNUM: … (…crap?)
>>
No. 628395 ID: dbe554

..Well it's certainly a better situation then before to say the least, at least he's not wanting to stabby stabby you, follow him.
>>
No. 628397 ID: 6e79d4

Hoooly fuck that was close. Well, it looks like you've been shanghai'd into the inquisition. Act like the stammering new recruit. Squeak out a 'y-yes sir' and follow him. Later ask 'So we really found a shape-changer?'

>We do believe we’ve figured out who this demon was… how you say, impersh… improve… pretending to be, yes? If we leave now then we can set up an ambush and kill it in the dorm it sleeps in, yes?
Crap indeed. That could be anyone you've impersonated while they were watching, or anyone who has been up here. They might be after Ced, or some other innocent.
>>
No. 628399 ID: d958ad

>>628394
...that's... strange. Either Arthur is acting on his own to save you, or Purple is being uncharacteristically forgiving. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Go along with their plan, maybe ask who the daemon is. You can slip away once you're out of the building, if you need to. Also you maaaay want to sleep in your mom's house tonight.
>>
No. 628410 ID: 6d4595

>>628399
Well, Arthur did probably hear the password we tried giving. Speaking of which, considering we just told it to some other people who shouldn't know it, we may want to make a new one.
>>
No. 628413 ID: 9ddf68

do as he says? I mean we're kinda on thin ice right now, unless he thinks we're lucius seeing as he kinda turned into him before with his little gadget.

Way I see it, no need to panic till we know for sure we are completely fucked.
>>
No. 628420 ID: 65a774
File 142593797088.png - (13.15KB , 900x450 , 37.png )
628420

>...that's... strange. Either Arthur is acting on his own to save you, or Purple is being uncharacteristically forgiving.
Something is wrong, yes…
>Also you maaaay want to sleep in your mom's house tonight.
Personally, I would rather sleep locked up in dungeon right now… both for my own safety and others…
>Well, Arthur did probably hear the password we tried giving.
… … …Fuck.
>Speaking of which, considering we just told it to some other people who shouldn't know it, we may want to make a new one.
No, it’s… they… they just think it was some random nonsense. I don’t think anyone will remember it and tell a shape stealer.
>Unless he thinks we're Lucius seeing as he kinda turned into him before with his little gadget.
…It’s possible that he thinks I’m Lucius… yeah, that actually makes sense… crap, how did he look like again?
>Way I see it, no need to panic till we know for sure we are completely fucked.
Right… be calm, Daithi. Deep breaths…

>Act like the stammering new recruit. Squeak out a 'y-yes sir' and follow him.
:DaithiNUM: ‘S-sir, yes sir!’
:ArthurNUM: No need to call me sir, stupid, I’m not your, how you say, superior, yes?
:DaithiNUM: Err… ‘right, si- I mean… yes…’
:InqisNUM: Right, we need to continue sweeping this area. Take care.
:ArthurNUM: Best luck to you, yes? Now, let’s go stupid soldier.
:InqisNUM: … …was it just me or did those two have the same voice?
:InqisNUM: Huh? Voice? I was too distracted by one of them lacking a tail…
:InqisNUM: Stop whispering and get a move on, men!

>Later ask 'So we really found a shape-changer?'
:DaithiNUM: ‘So… um… did we really f-find a… wait, why did we just enter an empty class room?’
:ArthurNUM: So we can get some privacy of course, yes? After all, we don’t want anyone walking in on us, Dai.
:DaithiNUM: Wha- no, it’s not- I’m not- You’re-
>>
No. 628421 ID: 65a774
File 142593798298.png - (13.23KB , 900x450 , 38.png )
628421

:ArthurNUM: I am but your most… how you say, humilent servants, oh great lord.
:DaithiNUM: …You mean humble… and what the freaking hell did you just say?
:ArthurNUM: I have sworn to protect you, oh beloved son of the great mother, and your every wish is my desire…
:DaithiNUM: I… but… err…
:ArthurNUM: Daithi… Diligent one… I am yours to command. I am your chosen guardian.
:DaithiNUM: … … …THE FUCK!?
>>
No. 628424 ID: 9ddf68

shape stealer? maybe?
Go back and explain what the hell is going on right now please. Does this have something to do with his tribal upbringing?
>>
No. 628431 ID: 6e79d4

Wat.
[scan everyone]
Okay, is he a shapechanger? He lost the tic, but kept the vocabulary. Is he a sleeper agent, or a non shape-changing infiltrator? No verbose official titles or self-abasement, just explain what the hell is going on.
>>
No. 628435 ID: d958ad

>>628421
I think that's a shapestealer, but... it's on our side, unlike the ones that have been attacking you. Well... great. Ask for more information. Where did he come from? Who gives him orders? What is his name? If this has always been Arthur and he's always been a servant of The Deceiver then hooooooooly shit how is he keeping it a secret from Purple? Purple could switch to him at any moment and we would be fucked. Or has Purple always been an ally of The Deceiver? Also what happened in the previous cycles where everyone hunted you down? Where was he then?

Also in case you didn't hear, you forgot the tail in your disguise.
>>
No. 628449 ID: ea0ad9

>It might still make me all evil and stuff! You know, change my personality!?
Did you already forget? Daithi is Daithi. Your ability to force a change in personality would only force your own personality upon yourself, which, let me spell it out for you: Will still be you, since it's your own personality to start with.
The very fact that part of your personality is wanting people to remain true to themselves should help counteract the effects, as well, as when they get corrupted, they should still be able to hold true to their personality, and simply be a little more open to others'.
>Daithi… Diligent one… I am yours to command. I am your chosen guardian
...Sort of like that. [Check Purple's corruption level] We're still allied, right?
Well, your "Goal" is to help bring peace between the mortals and the Daemons. So, your orders are to help track down the malevolent Daemons so we can actually teach them some manners, even if it has to be through brute force. Other than that, you really don't have any orders and aren't the ordering type, at least just yet... I mean, you're working through the academy to become a commander, yeah, but Arthur's more of a friend than an underling. Kind of spooky to think of people you know personally like that, even.
>>
No. 628593 ID: 65a774
File 142600770681.png - (13.16KB , 900x450 , 39.png )
628593

>[scan everyone]
[“The Star” belongs to player purple!]
[“The Star” belongs to player purple!]
>[Check Purple's corruption level]
[Purple is 0% corrupt!]

>Did you already forget? Daithi is Daithi. Your ability to force a change in personality would only force your own personality upon yourself.
That’s not what I meant! I’m talking about regular corruption, not demonic one! You know, give someone power and they’ll start to act differently! Only… I can eat people and change my appearance instead of ordering people around… … …d-do you know how many p-people I can kill and get away w-with it!? Oh sod, I’m already fantasying about eating people who has slighted me before…

>Shape stealer? Maybe?
:ArthurNUM: Shape stealer? No, I cannot, how you say, imperish… err… impor… imp-
:DaithiNUM: Impersonate. You can’t impersonate people and take their shape?
:ArthurNUM: What you say, yes? I am always the shape of Arthur, yes?
>Ask for more information. Where did he come from? Who gives him orders?
:ArthurNUM: Why, I already told you, yes? I’m from the untamed lands and I take orders from your mother, the great goddess herself. …err… that is to say, your none mantis mother, yes? Though, I do now know where you get your nice shape, yes? Mantis mother very attractive.
:DaithiNUM: Err…
>What is his name?
:ArthurNUM: I am Arthur? Just because you haven’t seen this side of coin yet doesn’t mean it isn’t the same Arthur, yes? Just like you is still cute little Daithi, yes?

>Does this have something to do with his tribal upbringing?
:ArthurNUM: Why, yes, it does. Where I was born the great mother watched and protected, yes? There, she chooses me to guard her coming son, the one who would soon be born, before she disappeared completely. She gave me aid to find you, great Daithi, and here I am, yes?
:DaithiNUM: …you were able to convince the inquisition to train you while you were actively worshiping a demon!?
:ArthurNUM: Not a demon, goddess! And the only worship she requires is our belief and love in her, yes? Besides, the inquisition is stuck looking for crazed cultist, not genuine worshippers of her beauty.
>If this has always been Arthur and he's always been a servant of The Deceiver then hooooooooly shit how is he keeping it a secret from Purple?
:ArthurNUM: Purple is blind to everything but what he wants to see and hear, yes? It is easy to lead him astray… he is very, how you say, weak of will, yes?
>Is he a sleeper agent, or a non shape-changing infiltrator?
:ArthurNUM: …I’m awake, yes?
:DaithiNUM: No, I mean… did you always now you were my… um… guardian or was that something that was put in your subconscious?
:ArthurNUM: I’ve always known that I would come and protect you, oh beautiful Dai. The only thing the great, all loving mother gave me was the knowledge to get here, hidden deep inside me.
>What happened in the previous cycles where everyone hunted you down?
:ArthurNUM: I do not know? I don’t know about these previous cycles, but I do remember you mentioning them… or was that purple who said that, yes? Maybe it was someone else? Hmm… Either way, I only know what happens right now.

>Well, your "Goal" is to help bring peace between the mortals and the Daemons.
:DaithiNUM: So… you’ll do anything I order you to do?
:ArthurNUM: …well, most things, yes? I’m not going to jump on one leg just because you ordered me too, but I will help you as best as I can.
:DaithiNUM: I don’t know… you’re a friend, not someone I want to order around, really…
:ArthurNUM: I’m a friend? Why, you are a friend to me too, lovely Dai.
:DaithiNUM: Right… first of, stop hitting on me like that. It’s starting to get creepy.
:ArthurNUM: It’s- oh, sorry! I didn’t mean too- I m-mean- p-please forgive me! It’s just… you’re just… sorry, yes?
:DaithiNUM: Second, can you help me try to bring peace between the mortals and the Demons?
:ArthurNUM: … … …err, that was not what I was, how you say, expect you to ask, yes? I… I don’t even know how to begin with that… um… sorry, yes?
:DaithiNUM: Wait, what did you expect me to ask of you?
:ArthurNUM: Well, mother said you would be trying to find some kind of great rune, yes? Also, that I should help you eat well so you grow big and strong. She suggested a few cute mantis girls here in school that has been bulling you, yes? They sound rather plump and-
:DaithiNUM: Okay, stop, I’m not eating people like that! I’ll never eat like that!
:ArthurNUM: But if you don’t eat then you won’t grow strong! …oh, and she also asked to help you find nice girl or boy for first time, yes?
:DaithiNUM: …by Jove, is my freaking demon mother trying to get me laid too!?
:ArthurNUM: I was thinking, why not those mantis girls I mentioned, yes? Some extra seasoning before you put them in your belly wo-
:DaithiNUM: YOU DID NOT JUST SUGGEST I- OH, I… I… I think I’m going to be sick just thinking about that! Never mention something like that again!
:ArthurNUM: Oh… err… I’m s-sorry, Dai, I didn’t… um… think… err…
:DaithiNUM: Just… just don’t talk about like that, p-please…
:ArthurNUM: …noted, great Dai… um… oh, and should you please change shape? Talking to myself like this is getting a bit… creepy and weird.
:DaithiNUM: …you think that’s the creepy part!?
>>
No. 628597 ID: 0d33d1

But didn't you get to see your other mom.
>>
No. 628600 ID: 9ddf68

look the whole ruin thing, while probably still on the table, is kinda the furthest thing from our minds right now. I mean with the whole "Gods showing up on our doorstep" everything that was probably meant to happen kinda got thrown out the window pretty quick. What I mean with the fact that if the snake bitch that's trying to kill the other snake guy so she'll be in charge so she can kill off this planet and everything on it so she can take it apart bring the pieces back home and get her 15 minutes of fame. That and the fact that we've been getting some pretty heavy hints that this is the final cycle and no matter what happens, win or lose, we're all going to be stuck with the results so we're trying to get to the point where everyone doesn't walk away completely screwed over.

Also HOW can you hide things from purple? If he's anything like us he can read minds... and how do we know he's not here right now?

All right for now, just, just keep doing what you were doing Arthur before you met Dai. As in just keep doing inquisition things. If we really need that ruin you can find just as well working for purple since I feel like everyone else is looking for the ruins we'll probably stumble across it anyways. And Dai, still don't trust this, try to transform after leaving and finding a quite spot.
>>
No. 628609 ID: d958ad

>>628593
Well, actually, yeah we need the rune too. Ask him if there are any other true worshipers. What was that about The Deceiver disappearing? Is she dead or something?

Explain to him that you are going to avoid eating people as much as possible, but... would eating dead people work? I mean, you could raid a cemetery.
>>
No. 628613 ID: 6e79d4

Whelp, looks like you can be yourself again.

>Oh sod, I’m already fantasying about eating people who has slighted me before…
You wouldn't be the first. To have revenge fantasies, not fantasize about eating people, I mean. Look the point is you've gotten REALLY lucky with not being caught so far. Your power has clear limitations, and acknowledging them will help you stay humble, or whatever.
>I should help you eat well so you grow big and strong.
First off, because those girls have a connection to Dai, that means he'd immediately be a suspect. He has motive. Besides, he should probably adjust to his situation before he gets in deeper with daemonic powers.
> is my freaking demon mother trying to get me laid too!?
You're acting like that's the worst possible thing that someone could do to you.

I guess we could use help with the runes. We've already found a minor rune, but purple probably knows where it is.
>>
No. 628617 ID: 2ae7d5

Arthur did you become our friend just because you knew or at least suspected Dai was the Diligent one?

Hypothetically, Arthur, what if you became friends with Dai thinking he was your chosen one and became good friends, comrades or possibly lovers only to find out the Diligent one was someone else who ordered you to break away from Daithi or ever kill him, what would you do in this situation? Hypothetically!
>>
No. 628620 ID: d958ad

Oh, Daithi, power can corrupt, but c'mon. You can't just ignore your abilities. You were training to be a leader- isn't that a form of power too?
>>
No. 628624 ID: 65a774
File 142602599749.png - (14.07KB , 900x450 , 40.png )
628624

>Whelp, looks like you can be yourself again.
Finally… I was starting to get tired concentrating all the time…
>You wouldn't be the first. To have revenge fantasies, not fantasize about eating people, I mean.
Yeah, but I’m one of the few who might lose control and live them.
>Look the point is you've gotten REALLY lucky with not being caught so far. Your power has clear limitations, and acknowledging them will help you stay humble, or whatever.
They do have some limitations, don’t they? I’m not completely unstoppable if I would lose control…
>First off, because those girls have a connection to Dai, that means he'd immediately be a suspect. He has motive.
Their connection to me is flimsy at best… besides, eating them wouldn’t really leave a lot of evidence for the guards to follow…
>But didn't you get to see your other mom.
…I… I think I saw her yesterday? Maybe? I don’t really know anymore… I… I just remember a warm, welcoming feeling…

>Explain to him that you are going to avoid eating people as much as possible.
:ArthurNUM: Ah, of course, you are quite moral, yes? Then I will simply have to hunt other things… maybe demon spawns and crazed cultist would be good, yes? I should, how you say, create quite a feast for you, Daithi.
:DaithiNUM: I… err… I… don’t know. I’ll get back to you about that…
>Would eating dead people work? I mean, you could raid a cemetery.
:ArthurNUM: You need the souls, yes? Souls leave the body when death comes. Newly dead still got some traces left but it is weak and little, yes? I believe after a quarter the soul will be completely gone from the body.
>Ask him if there are any other true worshipers.
:ArthurNUM: Not around these parts, no.
>What was that about The Deceiver disappearing? Is she dead or something?
:ArthurNUM: I… err… don’t know for certain. She is gone, yes, but not dead, no. She is… how you say, on a very important mission. That is all I know, yes? I believe she said something about whispers of truth and gods from beyond?
>HOW can you hide things from purple? If he's anything like us he can read minds... and how do we know he's not here right now?
:ArthurNUM: He can read thoughts that is on surface of head, yes, but not the ones deep down. It is also not hard to force a weaker player from coming to you with pure will power.

>Arthur did you become our friend just because you knew or at least suspected Dai was the Diligent one?
:ArthurNUM: Err… to be honest, I actually though The Diligent one would be female… and I originally become friends with you because… um…
:DaithiNUM: Please don’t say it was because you think I look cute…
:ArthurNUM: Actually, it’s because I thought hanging out with you was nice… I don’t have many friends here, you know, yes?
>Hypothetically, Arthur, what if you became friends with Dai thinking he was your chosen one and became good friends, comrades or possibly lovers only to find out the Diligent one was someone else who ordered you to break away from Daithi or ever kill him, what would you do in this situation?
:ArthurNUM: That depends on how long I would have known Daithi but… right now I would be rather skeptical and maybe even give Dai a warning to run… but if we were something more I… I should have refused completely, yes? Harming a Ker’ke of yours goes against everything the great mother thought us.

>Just… just keep doing what you were doing Arthur before you met Dai.
:ArthurNUM: I’m already doing that, yes?
>I guess we could use help with the runes. We've already found a minor rune, but purple probably knows where it is.
:ArthurNUM: Ah, that is good, yes? I do know that those stones that are also keys are located here in city, yes? Mostly owned by rich snobs…
>With the whole "Gods showing up on our doorstep" everything that was probably meant to happen kinda got thrown out the window pretty quick.
:ArthurNUM: Ah, yes, those things… I can’t actually say what or how exactly they will fit in all this…
>They will try to kill off the planet.
:ArthurNUM: Err… they will? That’s… but… um… of course, if we want to have a planet left for them to kill we still needs those runes, yes? And… I don’t know, I just got a, how you say, a feeling that they have some part to play in all this, yes? …actually, I get the feeling that great mother really wanted us to find that rune for some reason…
>>
No. 628626 ID: d958ad

Rich snobs, huh? Then... that's what Yellow was after! Yellow might have one of the keystones now, crap. ...wait, I wonder... is Yellow corrupted by The Deceiver? In that case, Yellow could actually be our ally, which would explain Red being involved with Yellow.

Everything is getting more complicated. I think we will have to start making moves of our own. Can Arthur maybe convince Purple to start raiding rich peoples' houses under the guise of cultist hunting, in order to try to find more key stones? If Purple doesn't know what they look like, or Arthur gets to them before Purple notices, Arthur could deliver them to us. Considering that the one in Daithi's house isn't in a more secure location, I think maybe Purple doesn't know what they look like.

Daithi... do you still need to take a break? You could go kill some cultists with Arthur. Doing so might give us some clues as to where the rune is... Please?
>>
No. 628650 ID: 6e79d4

Purple says we should tell Arthur that he should report to the commander if we see him. You two can figure your way out of here back to the dorm, correct? We need to take the information on the possible rune theft to Atena.

One last thing, Arthur, how suspicious do you think the are others of us?
>>
No. 628685 ID: 82c018

@ Arthur: What sorts of policies did the Deciever have as a goddess? We only know about her from the corrupted and from her interactions with Dai, so I am curious what the other side of her is like. Also, what is up with the cultists that makes them turn out corrupted and not like you?

About the rune stuff, we should tell Ceana that someone is probably going to try stealing that key stone she has sooner or later.
>>
No. 628693 ID: ea0ad9

>I… err… I… don’t know. I’ll get back to you about that…
That's a maybe, in other words. Apparently, you only need to eat once a week, or something.
>if we want to have a planet left for them to kill we still needs those runes, yes?
Yeah. We've actually already got the rune of fire, so that's covered, but we also are serious about needing to form an alliance between the Daemons and the mortals. As it's been, if the Runes fall into the hands of somebody like Purple, game over. If they fall into the hands of most Daemons, game over. I'm going to put my trust in The Deceiver to be working to the same goal as us; if she wasn't, she would have tried to put a stop to us by now.

Purple only knows that Black is after the runes, but not why, I forget if we told him why we are after them or not, but we were surprisingly able to convince him that while "Most Daemons are evil, they need to live and taught a lesson on how to coexist." Of course, it may just be a case of HIM trying to trick us, I don't know.
>>
No. 628698 ID: d958ad

OH! Ask Arthur who Purple's King is. If it comes to it, we may have to defeat Purple, and knowing who his King is will help us do that.
>>
No. 628711 ID: 65a774
File 142609408537.png - (16.38KB , 900x450 , 41.png )
628711

>Rich snobs, huh? Then... that's what Yellow was after! Yellow might have one of the keystones now, crap.
:ArthurNUM: That is the most likely possibility, yes?
:DaithiNUM: Wait, why do they even want the stones for? Do they even know what they do?
>...wait, I wonder... is Yellow corrupted by The Deceiver?
:ArthurNUM: The great mother has not been in this world for so long that it would be impossible for her to be responsible for Yellow. Purple believes Black has some kind of object that can corrupt others, yes? Probably something with demonic origin?
>Can Arthur maybe convince Purple to start raiding rich peoples' houses under the guise of cultist hunting, in order to try to find more key stones?
:ArthurNUM: Maybe not raid but… I can see what I can do, yes?
>We were surprisingly able to convince him that while "Most Daemons are evil, they need to live and taught a lesson on how to coexist." Of course, it may just be a case of HIM trying to trick us, I don't know.
:ArthurNUM: While he seems willing to listen to you, he is still quite clearly in the “Kill first, ask questions never” phase concerning demons.

>Purple says we should tell Arthur that he should report to the commander if we see him.
:ArthurNUM: Ah, yes, he got more work for me then… but that can wait, yes? You are more important at the moment, yes?
>Arthur, how suspicious do you think the others are of us?
:ArthurNUM: They know something is wrong, but they have yet even started to guess that you can be demon. Of course, if you start using your abilities near them…
:DaithiNUM: They’ll likely flip out, yeah…
>What sorts of policies did the Deciever have as a goddess?
:ArthurNUM: Love and friendship for all! Equality, happiness and freedom!
:DaithiNUM: …that sound way to utopian to be true…
:ArthurNUM: The great mother loved all and all loved her.
>What is up with the cultists that makes them turn out corrupted and not like you?
:ArthurNUM: That was mistake the great mother did. We are too puny to understand her true form, so when she originally showed herself… well, some people didn’t take it very well.
>OH! Ask Arthur who Purple's King is. If it comes to it, we may have to defeat Purple, and knowing who his King is will help us do that.
:ArthurNUM: It’s the leader of Inquisition here, yes? Clad in red and gold… kind of short? Human?
>we also are serious about needing to form an alliance between the Daemons and the mortals.
:ArthurNUM: If you wish, I can try to find a way somehow. I need to look at some text I have to really understand how something like that would be possible.

>Daithi... do you still need to take a break? You could go kill some cultists with Arthur. Doing so might give us some clues as to where the rune is...
:DaithiNUM: I… I don’t know… I… I don’t really want to eat anyone anymore…
>Please?
:DaithiNUM: …fine.
:ArthurNUM: It’s a date!
:DaithiNUM: It’s not a date!



:NickolasNUM: He wasn’t in the old barracks, that’s for certain… I wonder how the others are do-
:IssaruNUM: Ah, Mr. Holy man! Just who I wanted to talk too! I do believe we have found a way to get off this world! We simply need a way to access the codes and programming that’s-
:NickolasNUM: Wait, what? Codes as in… secret codes? And what’s pro ramming?
:IssaruNUM: Oh right, inferior intelligences. Let’s just say we know how to change the world to the way we want it too, we just need… let’s see… what was it called? Here we go, we need an active “Daemon gate”. You don’t happen to have one, do you?
:NickolasNUM: …did you just ask me if I have a gate to the demon realm!?
:IssaruNUM: Well, yes? This building does have a lot of boxes and shelves so there are bound to be one lying around somewhere, yes? I mean, according to the codex it’s rather small… it got negative mass, in fact… wait, that’s… um… these numbers might be a bit off, but still, we need one of those door things and some text.
:NickolasNUM: …text?
:IssaruNUM: Text, yes. I need four words to unlock the door so we can activate the... I don’t believe your language has a word for it yet but we’ll need it active. And soon… Those others that are still up there will probably start messing around soon… well, I’m guessing you don’t have one of those doors then?
:NickolasNUM: No, I don’t have a portal to the nether realms in my pocket…
:IssaruNUM: Can you buy one down at that… market, you call it? I’m sure someone must be selling one of those things around here… probably next to those exotic anti-gravity deflectors…
>>
No. 628713 ID: d958ad

>>628711
Tell him there's currently a huge war going on about who gets to open the daemon gate, and afaik there's only ONE. Up north, where countless undead battle against the living.

Also the four words he needs are locked up and there's smaller battles being waged to find those as well. We have one. Another is around here somewhere, we're currently looking for the keystones to open the lesser gate to get to the rune. The keystones are small blue orbs. We've seen one already and we will be securing it soon. I forget how many keystones there are in total. Four? Eight? I'll double check that when it's important.
>>
No. 628714 ID: 9ddf68

let Issuru know that there is only one gate, and the 4 text are the greater ruins we have 1 the deamons have 2 and one is still up in the air right now and that all the ruins are currently the source of a large war war right now which is the reason why he never got the results he hoped for when he kept restarting the world. In short we have no clue to where the deamon gate is but it's more then likely off these grounds which means Issaru's homicidal co-worker can try and kill him and his friends again and us trying to find get our hands on all 4 ruins is probably going to be a problem so how they are the source of a war that has lasted over cycles. Or long story short, it's not going to be a quick fix solution that you were hoping for. Oh and we found Daithi by the way, he seems to be doing better.
>>
No. 628715 ID: 6e79d4

>He wasn’t in the old barracks, that’s for certain…
Don't worry, we found him. We talked it over and he's doing alright again.
> Oh right, inferior intelligences.
Rood. He's saying he needs four major runes to go to the daemon gate, but I'm not sure of what he's going to do once he gets there.

Tell him there's only one gate. It's locked a mountain in a savage land plagued by the undead and civil war, and there is a global shadow war being fought between daemonic psychopaths and us teal incompetents for those four words. Our current plan is to explain to the daemons that his colleague is planning to disassemble the world as soon as she can, so we're all dead, permanently, unless we cooperate.

Hmm, if he can change the world, can he give the daemons enough energy to keep them satisfied?
>>
No. 628729 ID: 825af6

Hey, you should know that Daithi is okay. We managed to switch to him and talk him down. Good thing to 'cause it turns out he was hiding in one of the empty classrooms and wouldn't have found him otherwise. He's heading back to his dorm now and we got Arthur to watch over him.

"Exotic anti-gravity deflectors?" What the fuck did he see in the market that he thought was anything like that? And what the heck makes him think that there's anywhere in this world that has the technological knowledge to build anything like that?! They haven't even discovered electricity yet! He even told us yesterday that his own records of the world cycles showed that the most advanced technology that ever came out of all of them is lighter-than-air aircraft; Freakin' hot air ballons! So, no, unfortunately we can't just bop down to the corner store and pick up a freakin' negative mass inter-dimensional portal, nor anything even within a light-year as technologically advanced as that. ...Seriously, has Issaru not been paying attention the entire time he's been down here?

>>628713
>>628714
>>628715
Uh, guys, did you forget what Steve told us of the Daemon Gates the last time we were in the Northlands? (See >>/quest/605756) He said that the original rift to the Daemon Realm is in Derack, not up near the peak of the Pillar of the Heavens as we'd thought. It's that gate around the original rift that both sides in the Daemon fight need to enact either one of their plans. The Ruling Daemons to use it to seal away the Daemon Realm, securing their rule, and the Rebel Daemons to bust it open to harvest enough "nutrition" from this world to overthrow the Ruling Daemons. Unfortunately that Daemon Gate in Derach is in the control of the Rebel Daemons right now and will still be for at least the next six months.

However, Steve also told us that there were other, lesser, Daemon Gates built, mostly around the locations of the Lesser and Greater Elemental Runes, but that by this age all the ones he knows of are broken and inert. ...Well, except for the one at the Vault of the Grand Rune of Air up on the Pillar of the Heavens, but that one is held by the Blood God so that's a no-go.

In fact, this is all rather moot for any of Issaru's plans involving Daemon Gates 'cause they're all outside of the "blind spot" around the Academy, meaning that he can't go to them to do whatever it is he wants to do involving one. And on top of that we don't have the four Greater Runes he'd need to pull it off anyway. While us, Teal, have the Grand Rune of Fire, the Rebel Daemons hold the Grand Rune of Water, the Grand Rune of Earth is in the Vault under the Untamed Lands, and the Grand Rune of Air is in the Vault all the way up the Pillar of the Heavens. Even if somehow we got the Earth and Air Runes the Water Rune is totally beyond our reach.

Hmm... Actually, maybe there is a broken Daemon Gate nearby. We got a Lesser Rune from that jaunt into Truth's Vault, and the Gates were usually near Rune locations, so maybe one is in the vicinity, possibly within the blind zone around the Academy. But how would we find it? Oh, we could ask Libby if she knows. As a daemon she might know of broken Gates in Amun or the Untamed Lands.

Is he sure that he needs all four Runes to execute his plan? We've been told that only a majority of the four is needed to either seal the Daemon Realm or bust it open, so what is it that he's planning to do that requires all four?

>We simply need a way to access the codes and programming that’s-
>Let’s just say we know how to change the world to the way we want it too, we just need…
Wait a second... He's talking about altering the base rules of how the world operates! That's bloody dangerous, to put it mildly! What the hell is he planning to change? And how the hell does having access to a active Daemon Gate allow him to do that?! Or is it access to the Daemon Realm through the Gate that offers it? And is what he's planning to do something only one with Admin powers can do? I don't want to get a situation where one of the Daemon factions somehow got all four Runes and rewrote the world.

>>628715
Actually, we might want to get Libby into a meeting with Issaru for a Q&A about just how dire the situation is for the world. That way she can get the info to take back to the Ruling Daemons directly from the source and not from our frankly often mangled remembrances.
>>
No. 628758 ID: d958ad

>>628729
>Derack
Uh... I thought that was in the Northlands though? It seems I'm in need of a geography lesson.

Also shhh, don't tell Nickolas about Libby.
>>
No. 628784 ID: bfa142

How can someone be so smart and yet so dumb? Your a priest, enlighten him.
>>
No. 628785 ID: 825af6

>>628758
>Uh... I thought that was in the Northlands though? It seems I'm in need of a geography lesson.
Ah, then I have just the thing for you, in the form of Kaktus' quite rough, not-wholly-canon world map: >>/questdis/83241. There's also a small additional note about the map here >>/questdis/83279.

You were right about Derack being north of Amun, but as far as I know it's not far enough north to be in what's commonly referred as the Northlands. I believe Järgien and Vildhalla are the only two nations that occupy that area.

>Also shhh, don't tell Nickolas about Libby.
But he already knows that Libby is possessed by The Woman in Green. We told him that shortly after Dai and company came up from the basement after killing the Shape Stealer that was going for Arthur. (Here >>/questarch/578455 and here >>/questarch/578485.) He didn't freak out about it back then so I figure it should be okay to talk about now.

Hm... (Okay, this bit we can keep to ourselves for now: I just noticed that Libby's scan back then was "The Woman in Green," (>>/questarch/576876) yet today it's "The Lady in Green" (>>/quest/626575.) Might be a mistake on Kaktus' part, but it might not and that's making my paranoia-sense tingle.)

[Check all personal, pawn, and allied players' and pawns' corruption and purification levels]
>>
No. 628786 ID: d958ad

>>628785
Ah, I see. Then the fourth thread will probably take place in Derack. I wonder who our fourth King is going to be.
>>
No. 628805 ID: 825af6

>>628786
Considering that Steve told us that we technically have only three kings (>>/quest/606024) I think it's unlikely we'll pick up a fourth when we get to Derack. My guess is our king there will probably be one of our previous three. Personally my money is on Jericho, but know knows how it'll go. Or it might be that some or all our kings get there and we end up having two or three kings on the field.
>>
No. 628812 ID: 65a774
File 142618472680.png - (16.21KB , 900x450 , 42.png )
628812

>”Lots of meta talk about the next thread.”
Hush, you guys. You’re going to spoil the ending if you keep going like that.
>[Check all personal, pawn, and allied players' and pawns' corruption and purification levels]
[Corruption and purification is at 0% for all pawns]

>How can someone be so smart and yet so dumb?
He’s a scholar. They usually dump all their points into intelligence and forget all about wisdom.
>They haven't even discovered electricity yet!
Wait, isn’t that the thing lightning mages throws around?
>Hey, you should know that Daithi is okay. We managed to switch to him and talk him down.
Ah, good, I was starting to get worried… well, more worried. I hope he’s in good health? Oh, and it’s good that you found him, as I overheard some of those inquisitors talking about a demon sighting here in the school…
>He's saying he needs four major runes to go to the daemon gate, but I'm not sure of what he's going to do once he gets there.
Isn’t that the same goal you’re trying to achieve?

>"Exotic anti-gravity deflectors?" What the fuck did he see in the market that he thought was anything like that?
:IssaruNUM: Then what do you call those torches that float in midair?
:NickolasNUM: Magical floating torches?
:IssaruNUM: Oh, right… “magic”. How silly of me to expect anything else…
>Tell him there's currently a huge war going on about whom gets to open the daemon gate.
:IssaruNUM: Ah, of course… it’s not surprising that there would be fighting over something like that. So we’ll simply have to end some wars, no problem. Hmm… of course, the easiest way to do that is also a way I rather not use, which is to use superior fire power… and lots of it. We need to find another way to solve these problems… we have to think about it.
>Also the four words he needs are locked up and there's smaller battles being waged to find those as well.
:IssaruNUM: Wars within wars… cogs within cogs… an endless cycle… a futile cycle.

>the original rift to the Daemon Realm is in Derack.
:IssaruNUM: Hmm… that is very far away from this blind spot isn’t it? …and I’m guessing you can bring it here either… then we simply need to bring this blinds spot with us to this Derack nation!
:NickolasNUM: Simply?
:IssaruNUM: Yes, a simple problem of bending space over a rather small distance. Do not worry, we usually bend space like that over hundreds of light years.
:NickolasNUM: It will take years!?
:IssaruNUM: …that’s a distance.
:NickolasNUM: Err… I knew that…
:IssaruNUM: Of course, we usually have more tech to work with… I’m sure we can use some of this “magic” stuff to compensate, though.
>However, Steve also told us that there were other, lesser, Daemon Gates built, mostly around the locations of the Lesser and Greater Elemental Runes, but that by this age all the ones he knows of are broken and inert.
:IssaruNUM: Hmm… if this codex is correct, I will need to have the main one activated before I can use the smaller ones like I want too… which means that they are useless for my intended purpose.

>Our current plan is to explain to the daemons that his colleague is planning to disassemble the world as soon as she can, so we're all dead, permanently, unless we cooperate.
:IssaruNUM: A fabulous plan! If we can convince them that there is a bigger threat looming on the horizon they are bound to cooperate for a small enough time for use to use that doorway. This will be as simple as stealing an energy crystal from a newly hatched Serpens!
:NickolasNUM: …and that is easy?
:IssaruNUM: Of course! …mostly because they still lack arms at that stage... but they can pack a nasty punch if they really focus their mind on you and- never mind that, it will be easy, yes?
:NickolasNUM: …yeah, “easy”…
>Is he sure that he needs all four Runes to execute his plan? We've been told that only a majority of the four is needed to either seal the Daemon Realm or bust it open.
:IssaruNUM: Well, if that is true then I only need the majority! Why, this just got even easier!

>Wait a second... He's talking about altering the base rules of how the world operates! That's bloody dangerous, to put it mildly!
:NickolasNUM: Whoa!? You’re can’t seriously considering changing the very laws of nature, are you!?
:IssaruNUM: Hmm? Of course not. I’m just going to activate the… hmmm… how do I explain this… let’s just say that I will activate things in the world outside this world that will make those who are blocking our way out… err… invert into themselves while expanding beyond their own time frame into a negative state of existence?
:NickolasNUM: …wait, what? That sounded just like a bunch of random words.
:IssaruNUM: I will abort them from reality! With science!
:NickolasNUM: …that sounds even worse!
>Hmm, if he can change the world, can he give the daemons enough energy to keep them satisfied?
:IssaruNUM: If I still have time, maybe… and the world is still stable enough… of course, even if I did, that might be a moot point as… well, let’s just say that there might not be a lot of those programs left if things continue like this.
:NickolasNUM: Programs?
:IssaruNUM: Daemons.
>How the hell does having access to an active Daemon Gate allow him to do that?! Or is it access to the Daemon Realm through the Gate that offers it?
:IssaruNUM: I need access to their world because… hmm… their world is filled with numbers that I can use to change the world outside with? At least, I can change the machine that is running this thing, anyway…
:NickolasNUM: I have no idea what you’re talking about…

>He already knows that Libby is possessed by The Woman in Green. He didn't freak out about it back then so I figure it should be okay to talk about now.
:NickolasNUM: Why thank you for reminding me. I need to talk to her before I decide if I should sick the inquisition on her or not.
:UnknownKAK: Err… wly not just tell tlem? Sle’s a demon, riglt?
:NickolasNUM: Because I don’t judge people for what they are? She’s fine so long as she’s not some shape stealing, mortal eating monster that can go nuts at any moment… oh, and keep practicing that new tongue of yours.
>Actually, we might want to get Libby into a meeting with Issaru for a Q&A about just how dire the situation is for the world.
:IssaruNUM: Oh, I would love to meet this lovely lady you are talking about. I do hope I can catch a glimpse of her true form! And I do love to talk about world ending scenarios that will soon happen! They are so fascinating!
:NickolasNUM:
:IssaruNUM: Now… was there anything else or should I go and talk to this “Libby”?

[Choose a character to follow]:
>[Stay with Strength and Issaru.]
>[Follow The Chariot and The Tower]
>[Follow The Magician and The Star]
>[Follow The High Priestess and The Hierophant.]
>>
No. 628814 ID: 98a14f

The high priestess
>>
No. 628815 ID: 6e79d4

>He’s a scholar. They usually dump all their points into intelligence and forget all about wisdom.
I had no idea you could consciously do that.
>If we can convince them that there is a bigger threat looming on the horizon they are bound to cooperate for a small enough time for use to use that doorway.
...You do understand that it's the truth, correct?
>Wars within wars… cogs within cogs… an endless cycle… a futile cycle.
And you're going to have to end it if you want any useful data. This world was made to have gods, it's collapsing without them.
>If I still have time, maybe… and the world is still stable enough…
I meant from the outside. Just copy-paste enough zeds-in-a-jar to keep the daemons fat and happy on their side of reality.
>let’s just say that there might not be a lot of those programs left if things continue like this.
What's happening to them all?

>>[Follow The Chariot and The Tower]
>>
No. 628816 ID: ea0ad9

> It will take years!?
A "Light year" is how far Light can travel in a year. That's pretty dang far, in case you're wondering, it only takes a few seconds for light to reach your typical world, probably including this one. In one second, it could probably travel around the perimeter of the world many times, too.
...Basically, it's a huge distance that you can't exactly compare to.
>I have no idea what you’re talking about…
Over in Serath, they have a contraption that can purify water. Imagine such a device that could purge anything post-creation from this world? Yeah, that's what he's talking about. Humans, Lizards, and Mantises are "Natural" to the world, but the Sakkil and the Serpens are not.
Remember how he gave you your hearing and your friend her tongue? Lacking them is not natural to the world, so he was able to purge their absence. Yeah, the ABSENCE can be purged. Of course, we're talking about giving the Daemons energy, they're much harder to influence...
>I do hope I can catch a glimpse of her true form!
Afraid that's not possible. Her "Real form" is hidden away somewhere that we have no idea where it is. ...Although, if you're stuck here until we get the words, you'll eventually get the chance anyways, I suppose.
>>
No. 628817 ID: 9ddf68

>I have no idea what you’re talking about…
the deamon gate is a gate that lets people travel to different worlds, he plans to alter it so instead of just going from here to the deamon world and back to let him go back to his world.

Oh an someone is behind you? One of the school instructors I believe.

>Follow The Chariot and The Tower
>>
No. 628919 ID: 65a774
File 142626899150.png - (29.12KB , 900x450 , 43.png )
628919

>A "Light year" is how far Light can travel in a year. That's pretty dang far, in case you're wondering.
:NickolasNUM: …you can… why would you even… I…
:IssaruNUM: Well, how else are you going to travel between star systems? Nothing can travel faster than light, so the simple solution would be to decrease the distance instead of increasing the speed.
:NickolasNUM: …I don’t even know how I’m supposed to react to this…
>Over in Serath, they have a contraption that can purify water. Imagine such a device that could purge anything post-creation from this world?
:IssaruNUM: It’s not so much purge as… well, making sure that they were never here in the first place.
>...You do understand that it's the truth, correct?
:IssaruNUM: Yes, yes, we’ll all die horribly if we don’t succeed. Just a normal Tuesday…
:NickolasNUM: I don’t want to be near you when you have a weird day then…

>This world was made to have gods, it's collapsing without them.
:IssaruNUM: Well, kind of, yes. It’s just… those gods are kind of long gone and we’re not really the best replacements…
:NickolasNUM: …wait, so you’re saying that this world will collapse?
:IssaruNUM: Um… yes?
>I meant from the outside. Just copy-paste enough zeds-in-a-jar to keep the daemons fat and happy on their side of reality.
:IssaruNUM: See, that’s the problem. I don’t know if I will have time to even do that before everything… well, implodes.
:NickolasNUM: You can’t se-
:IssaruNUM: Good news is that I might be able to… extract this world from the virtual reality it’s in and place it in the real world… bad news that I have no idea how to do that.
:NickolasNUM: Place us in the real world? That sounds like it will have consequences I don’t like…
:IssaruNUM: Oh, things that are part of this reality will be gone… like players, daemons, levels… probably magic too… stuff like that. Oh, andyou’llprobablyalldiehorriblytoo.
:NickolasNUM: What did you say?
:IssaruNUM: Nothing at all.
>Afraid that's not possible. Her "Real form" is hidden away somewhere that we have no idea where it is.
:IssaruNUM: Hmm? Really? That’s a shame…
>The deamon gate is a gate that lets people travel to different worlds, he plans to alter it so instead of just going from here to the deamon world and back to let him go back to his world.
:IssaruNUM: I believe you misunderstand me. I want to go to what you call daemon realm. With a direct access to the hard drive like that I’m bound to be able to change what I want.
:NickolasNUM: Hard what now?

>Oh an someone is behind you? One of the school instructors I believe.
:VictoriaNUM: …what was that about we were all about to die? …and did you drag in even more weird creatures, Nick?
:NickolasNUM: Err… Victoria!?
:VictoriaNUM: Geez… first that plant thing, then that voice who calls himself purple and now the end of the world? What is up with this week?



>>[Follow The Chariot and The Tower]
:AtenaNUM: So, did you find anything?
:LucraisNUM: No, my room is untouched, it seems… but I’m pretty sure someone has been in there…
:AtenaNUM: Hmm… why break into a mansion and not steal anything?
:LucraisNUM: Well, that old cyan stone was gone…
:AtenaNUM: And old painted stone that was surrounded by jewels and gold which was left untouched…
:LucraisNUM: Err… those jewels are just glass… and that gold isn’t real either…
:AtenaNUM: Oh… but still, why take a stone? Didn’t you say it was worthless?
:LucraisNUM: That’s what they told mother when she tried to sell it…
>>
No. 628921 ID: 6d4595

Dammit, that cyan stone was important, it's one of the keystones for the vault.
>>
No. 628925 ID: 6e79d4

>That old cyan stone was gone…
That was probably a minor rune. We really need those. So, how did they break in?

>Those jewels are just glass… and that gold isn't real either…
...Why on god's green earth do you have a pile of fake jewels and gold?
>>
No. 628930 ID: d958ad

>>628919
The keystone would be worthless to anyone that doesn't know what it does. We need to recover it.

What's that green thing under the table?
>>
No. 628933 ID: 9ddf68

hello. Also the rock was a miner ruin used to get at the bigger one. So what have you 2 found out since we last met?
>>
No. 628948 ID: 65a774
File 142628773916.png - (29.20KB , 900x450 , 44.png )
628948

>Dammit, that cyan stone was important, it's one of the keystones for the vault.
:LucraisNUM: Key to what?
:AtenaNUM: Wait… did you guys mention a vault or am I misremembering things? So much has happen the last few days it’s hard to keep track of it all. Either way, if you say they are important then they probably are.
>The keystone would be worthless to anyone that doesn't know what it does. We need to recover it.
:AtenaNUM: As they knew what they were looking for I have to take a guess and say they know what to do with it… or at least that it’s important.

>...Why on god's green earth do you have a pile of fake jewels and gold?
:LucraisNUM: Well… it used to be real jewels and gold… but then we hit some hard times...
:AtenaNUM: But why buy fake jewels?
:LucraisNUM: Because mom wants to feel like she’s still rich.

>So what have you 2 found out since we last met?
:LucraisNUM: Well, we found out that this “Keystone” was stolen.
:AtenaNUM: Unless your family has a habit of leaving roses everywhere I might have found something interesting.
:LucraisNUM: Err… why would we leave roses anywhere? Mom doesn’t even like roses.
:AtenaNUM: Which probably means that the two roses I found lying on the floor is connected to the break in somehow…
:LucraisNUM: …who leaves roses around after they break in?
>What's that green thing under the table?
:AtenaNUM: Let’s see… another rose?
:LucraisNUM: So someone has been in my room!
:AtenaNUM: So… they took the stone, visited your room and… left roses?
:LucraisNUM: This is starting to get rather stupid…
>>
No. 628949 ID: d958ad

>>628948
Okay the vault is the place the Major Rune of Earth is kept. All the keystones must be collected to open the gate to enter the vault. We need to collect the rune before the daemons get to it, because whoever holds a majority of the runes gets to control the daemon gate in Derack. If the rebel daemons get it, they will invade this world and kill off a shitload of people-- like 90% of the world's population-- to feed themselves, which will give them enough power to overthrow the ruling daemons. Right now the rebel daemons already have control over one rune and are in a very good position to take a second, while we have one. So we kindof need to get this last one.

How common are roses? Could you find out who the intruder was by checking the flower shops in town to see who's been buying them? Or do you already have a description? Hey, that little potted plant wasn't here last time we were here, either.
>>
No. 628951 ID: 6d4595

>Wait… did you guys mention a vault or am I misremembering things? So much has happen the last few days it’s hard to keep track of it all. Either way, if you say they are important then they probably are.
Sorry, with all the people we've been jumping between in general, it's hard to remember who exactly we've told about all of that stuff. Anyway, that rose may be a kind of calling card by the thief, to show that he/she was the one that did it. We might be able to find out more about whoever did it by checking the records of other reported thefts, but honestly, a rose is probably one of the most goddamn clichéd things a thief could leave behind
>>
No. 628952 ID: 9ddf68

so Atena, know any other crimes that have a rose left at the crime scene? I ask because you are the captain of the guard. But yeah from what we know the guy who did this works for the player yellow, who use to be purple's best buddy until he was corrupted by black which is why purple has such a hate boner for black. What this means for you is that the people working for yellow are going to be tougher then your normal crook since yellow is giving them a power boost like we're doing to you, they can get information around just as quickly as we can, and if yellow's pawns are anything like the last corrupted player's pawns we faced they're probably bat shit insane... hence leaving flowers at a crime scene like this is some kind of romanticized story or a crazed stalker who thought that breaking into someone's home just to leave a flower behind would win the affection of whoever lived there. So in short be careful with this one.
>>
No. 628955 ID: 6e79d4

>did you guys mention a vault or am I misremembering things?
Well if we didn't it contains a greater rune. If the daemons get it, they'll win. I think Bob's gone scorched earth to prevent that before.
>they took the stone, visited your room and… left roses?
Ha, maybe some dashing rouge has a crush. Keep looking for more, perhaps they make a trail or are otherwise placed purposefully.
>>
No. 628963 ID: 65a774
File 142629603972.png - (17.18KB , 900x450 , 45.png )
628963

>It contains a greater rune. If the daemons get it, they'll win.
:AtenaNUM: Right… find this vault before the daemons, got it.
>How common are roses? Could you find out who the intruder was by checking the flower shops in town to see who's been buying them?
:AtenaNUM: They are common enough. Unless the culprit bought hundreds of them we can’t track them through the shops.
>That rose may be a kind of calling card by the thief, to show that he/she was the one that did it.
:AtenaNUM: Hmm… I can’t say I’ve heard about this happening anywhere else… I should have heard about it if it happened here in Stone Heaven.
:LucraisNUM: It would be kind of romantic, if it wasn’t in the middle of a freaking cultist invasion…
:AtenaNUM: Because breaking and entering is always been romantic, haven’t it?
>Leaving flowers at a crime scene like this is some kind of romanticized story or a crazed stalker who thought that breaking into someone's home just to leave a flower behind would win the affection of whoever lived there. So in short be careful with this one.
:LucraisNUM: So I have some love crazed stalker after me?
:AtenaNUM: Hmm…

>Keep looking for more, perhaps they make a trail or are otherwise placed purposefully.
:AtenaNUM: Let’s check the place where the servants said they saw the culprit break out… I believe it jumped the wall at the back of the mansion?



:AtenaNUM: Ah, petals… rose petals. Seems like our rosy culprit left some tracks…
:LucraisNUM: We might be able to follow them…?
:AtenaNUM: They are blowing around in the wind… whatever track the culprit left is probably gone by now. Maybe we should try to figure out their next target? They are bound to strike again.
:LucraisNUM: Hey, wait, what is this? Seems like someone dropped a note!
:AtenaNUM: What does it say?
:LucraisNUM: It’s… an address? With red cross over it? Here, look.
:AtenaNUM: … … …t-that’s my address!

[Purple: Do you have any backup to spare? We just captured a few cultist that was fleeing from the forest, screaming something about a great devourer? I want to check that out. Oh, and remember that Red player I talked about? It seems like the inn he is staying in has been completely surrounded by black…]
>>
No. 628967 ID: 9ddf68

>[Purple: Do you have any backup to spare? We just captured a few cultist that was fleeing from the forest, screaming something about a great devourer? I want to check that out. Oh, and remember that Red player I talked about? It seems like the inn he is staying in has been completely surrounded by black…]
[Oh for fuck's sake. We just got done looking into the B&E that yellow just pulled and found a calling card left by the pawn that did it and his next target is one of our pawns home. But yeah we can probably help, I mean we're going to have to post some guards around Atena's house but her being the captain of the guard that shouldn't be to hard. Also details, with the cultist, do you want us to interrogate them because I'm sure nick would actually be useful there seeing how he talked some cultist out of killing him and his mantis friend and then letting them go after getting them to turn on there fellow cultist or did you mean for us to go looking around the woods? And with black, are they noticeably surrounding the place or trying to keep somewhat discrete? because if it's noticeable we could probably send Atena with some guards there to "keep the peace" or something. Oh and is white free? If so we could see if she's willing to help out somewhere?]

Hey Atena, how many guards do you have free at the moment? We just got word that black is surrounding red and a fight might brake out in the city, might want to get some guards down there to make sure that doesn't' happen. Also do you want us to ask someone to head over to your place to make sure it's safe or would you rather just post some guards there and have us focus on other things?
>>
No. 628974 ID: d958ad

>>628963
Atena... unless you have a keystone at home I suggest you avoid going there until you can have some guards sweep the place. There are more petals by that tree but... the wind is going that direction isn't it? Anyway, it sounds like the thief might be targeting your house next. Do you have a keystone at home!? It's either that or you're a target for assassination. It's possible Lucrais was as well, since the thief was in her room... maybe the thief thought she'd be there. This isn't the first time our pawns here have been targeted for assassination, so I'm going to bet your house is no longer safe.

We have another assignment for you. The inn where Red is staying is surrounded by Black. You're in charge of the city guard, can you send guards to make them disperse?
-Also psst Atena, it turns out Arthur is more loyal to Daithi than to Purple, and he knows Daithi's secret. Those two are off killing cultists in the forest right now. In fact, some cultists are running away and Purple caught wind of it... I wonder, would it be better to send a couple men over to avoid suspicion, or make sure he doesn't have enough manpower there to prevent Daithi from escaping?-

[@Purple: Well we would be able to send Atena and some guards to help, but it sounds like Red is about to get killed so that might be a little more important right now. Maybe she can lend some other forces, but I'm not sure. Or would you prefer we sent Nickolas over to talk to the survivors? He might be available now, but I'm not sure about that either. Sorry! We're multitasking right now.]

Hmm... who do we switch to next? On one hand, we need to secure the keystone in Daithi's house so we could switch to his mom. On the other, if we stick with you we should be able to meet Red. Then there's Daithi, we could switch to him to secure his mom's keystone instead or maybe help him out with his current problems... Yeah, let's switch to him. Kill two birds with one stone. Well, we might not even need to switch to him for long. We might be seeing you again shortly.

[switch to The Diligent One]
>>
No. 628975 ID: 6e79d4

>… … …t-that’s my address!
You couldn't possibly have a rune, could you? I'm sorry for asking this, but what about your late husband?
>[Purple: Do you have any backup to spare? We just captured a few cultist that was fleeing from the forest, screaming something about a great devourer? I want to check that out. Oh, and remember that Red player I talked about? It seems like the inn he is staying in has been completely surrounded by black…]
...[scan/check status of all pawns]
Okay, Purple captured a few cultists who were screaming about a 'great devourer', and a previous acquaintance of ours has been surrounded by Black's goons. I'm not sure if cults or secret police hit-squads are more your speed, but we can get someone else to check out what's left.
>>
No. 628992 ID: 60700b

>>628975
Did you forget about keystones? The things required to get the lesser/greater runes?
>>
No. 629033 ID: ea0ad9

>So… they took the stone, visited your room and… left roses?
...Please tell me it was Daithi getting stupidly romantic and heeding our words about the importance of the keystones.
>So I have some love crazed stalker after me?
Daithi has been acting pretty crazy. I would not be surprised... Then again, it's probably more likely to have been Lucius. The idiot doesn't even know what's considered proper in this society, I bet he thinks breaking in and leaving roses is a perfectly reasonable thing to do. Plus, his "Glasses" let him tell when jewels are fake, so he'd know to not touch your pile of glass...
>Do you have any backup to spare? We just captured a few cultist that was fleeing from the forest, screaming something about a great devourer?
[Reply: Devourer? Must be related to the thing your soldiers were talking about. Apparently, something's going around eating cultists. ...The fact that they were alive to run off like that means the Devourer probably wasn't there, though, since it can consume entire bodies, leaving very little evidence behind.]
>Oh, and remember that Red player I talked about? It seems like the inn he is staying in has been completely surrounded by black…
[Reply: Black as in... an aura of darkness, paint, or the player? Red's done some crazy things and deceived barbarians into working for him, but this doesn't sound like him.]
>>
No. 629070 ID: 6e79d4

>>629033
(Don't say any of that. Daithi and Lucius have nothing to do with this and there's no reason to arouse suspicion between our pawns, and you're showing purple you know entirely too much about the devourer.)
[message purple: We should mention, our mystery thief left roses at the crime scene and a trail of rose petals leading away to the woods.]
>>
No. 629081 ID: 65a774
File 142635777806.png - (21.01KB , 900x450 , 46.png )
629081

>[scan/check status of all pawns]
[“The magician”: Depressed, Terrified. “Strength”: Terrified. “The Tower”: Worried. “The Chariot”: Worried. ”The High Priestess”: Worried, annoyed.]

>[Reply: Black as in... an aura of darkness, paint, or the player?]
[Purple: Why, the player, of course.]
>[are they noticeably surrounding the place or trying to keep somewhat discrete?]
[As discrete as an army of soldiers can be. It’s not like they are standing in front of the front door or anything, but he got people all around that inn.]
>[message purple: We should mention, our mystery thief left roses at the crime scene and a trail of rose petals leading away to the woods.]
[That would be one of yellows pawns, yes… let’s just say her pawns are bit… inhumane. Oh, and dangerous, so be careful.]
>[Reply: Devourer? Must be related to the thing your soldiers were talking about.]
[You mean the thing in the school? No, that was clearly a shape stealer, this is something else. Speaking of that shape stealer, be careful in the school, as we’ve lost track of it. We were most likely able to scare it away but still…]
>[with the cultist, do you want us to interrogate them or did you mean for us to go looking around the woods?]
[I need more competent manpower to check the woods. It’s too big of an area and I don’t want to spread myself thin.]
>[@Purple: Well we would be able to send Atena and some guards to help, but it sounds like Red is about to get killed so that might be a little more important right now.]
[Guards? I guess I can use them to form a perimeter or something…]

>psst Atena, it turns out Arthur is more loyal to Daithi than to Purple, and he knows Daithi's secret.
:AtenaNUM: (Wait, what? Why would Arthur be loyal to Daithi? Isn’t it his job to hunt down people like Dai!?)
>Those two are off killing cultists in the forest right now. In fact, some cultists are running away and Purple caught wind of it...
:AtenaNUM: (Already? And without me- I mean, he’s not supposed to… to… you know… eat people like that…)

>...Please tell me it was Daithi getting stupidly romantic and heeding our words about the importance of the keystones.
:LucraisNUM: Err… while I might appreciate the thought that he did this, it doesn’t seem like his style… at all. He’s not that crazy…
:AtenaNUM: And he haven’t had time to do it either.
>Then again, it's probably more likely to have been Lucius.
:AtenaNUM: For some reason I find that even more unlikely.
>Hey Atena, how many guards do you have free at the moment?
:AtenaNUM: Very few, what with all the commotion.

>Atena... unless you have a keystone at home I suggest you avoid going there until you can have some guards sweep the place.
:AtenaNUM: Ah, I was already planning to do that… after what libby told me I’ve already made some plans. Oh, and I don’t have one of those stone, no.
>Okay, Purple captured a few cultists who were screaming about a 'great devourer'. He wants you to send some guards to help track it down.
:AtenaNUM: I’ll see if I can find someone to send… I guess I can order the ones already stationed near the school to follow Purples orders for a while?
>We just got word that black is surrounding red and a fight might break out in the city, might want to get some guards down there to make sure that doesn't' happen.
:LucraisNUM: So, um… wait, who’s red and where is he?
:AtenaNUM: Another player and I believe he’s in an inn somewhere… *sigh* Let’s go, Lu. I’ll see if I can round up a few guards before we get there.



>[switch to The Diligent One]
:ArthurNUM: -be happy that they were easy to find, yes?
:DaithiNUM: They were running away from something, screaming.
:ArthurNUM: As long as we’re quick I’m sure, how you say, we’ll escape whatever they ran from.
:DaithiNUM: …where are we going with these two anyway?
:ArthurNUM: Why, to your home, yes? It got some kind of prison, yes?
:DaithiNUM: Err… kind off? I mean, it’s not been used for generations and- this is a horrible idea!
:ArthurNUM: Then where else will we hide them? You need to have some extra food in case you go hungry, yes? You don’t want to nibble on friends?
:DaithiNUM: Um… well, we should always… err...
:ArthurNUM: Hmm, why was this one holding rose?

[Purple: One more thing, I seem to have problem connecting with “The Star”. Do you know where Arthur is right now so I can check with him?]
>>
No. 629082 ID: 6d4595

[Scan cultists]
Hey Dai, we just got back from Atena and Lucrais after they were looking through Lucrais's place. Apparently, one of the keystones was there, but it was stolen by one of Yellow's pawns. Who left behind roses. So yeah, that cultist with the rose may know something. Also, Purple's apparently getting worried that he can't connect to Arthur, so you may want to tell him that.
>>
No. 629087 ID: 9ddf68

>[Purple: One more thing, I seem to have problem connecting with “The Star”. Do you know where Arthur is right now so I can check with him?]
[ah, you're have that problem as well huh? From experience it usually means something annoying is around wherever you're at now stopping you from switching or something else where you just have to wait until your connection is good again. If it's the first one be careful, if it's the second one think you're just going to have to wait it out. If we see him we'll let him know you want to talk to him.

Hey Arthur, purple is looking for you so give him a call when you have a chance. Oh and did you say rose, from what we just learned one of yellow's pawns, the player who broke into lucrais's house, likes to leave roses behind at each crime scene. So do stay one guard. As for somewhere to hide cultist... school's of limits for many reasons, would suggest putting him somewhere that can't be easily traced back to you so Dai's house is a bad idea...any abandon buildings outside of town that either of you know of?
>>
No. 629090 ID: d958ad

>>629081
Wait, so that wasn't you they were screaming about? Shit, that means they were screaming about Yellow's pawn. I think you two should get the hell out of there. Purple is coming to investigate too, and you two don't want to be caught by him. Maybe you should ask your captive what the Great Devourer looks like, too? I support imprisoning him, but it might be a better idea to use Atena's prison for that. He can even be sentenced to death once you get hungry, so you won't have to explain him going missing.

Arthur, Purple is asking about you, what should we tell him? I'm thinking we can tell him you're having a "private conversation" with Daithi. Let him think you two are dating or something, and he'll back off a little, maybe?

[@Purple: which inn is Red at?]
>>
No. 629091 ID: 6e79d4

[scan captives]
> One more thing, I seem to have problem connecting with “The Star”. Do you know where Arthur is right now so I can check with him?
[Reply: First Dai, now Arthur? Something must be interfering with player connections. We'll finish up here and start looking around.]
They must have been running from one of Yellows' pawns- we just came back from the break-in at Lucrais' place, and they left roses behind. Purple says Yellow is dangerous, but we can't let those runes fall into enemy hands. Feel like hunting down a burglar? You'll have a chance to try out your new daemonic powers in combat, and you'll impress lucrais to boot.

It might not be a good idea to keep the captives at Dai's place- his father is also one of purple's pawns, so if he finds out it's game over.
>>
No. 629139 ID: ea0ad9

>I mean, he’s not supposed to… to… you know… eat people like that…
(Better to... Fill the larder early? That's the term for it, right? Daemons are confusing.)

>Why, to your home, yes? It got some kind of prison, yes?
Ah, yeah, you're filling the larder. Good to hear. Just make sure you coat the bars or doors in holy water daily, or something. A holy water wash should prevent them from advancing into shapestealer stage to get out through them. Or from using any of their other stolen powers.
>You need to have some extra food in case you go hungry, yes? You don’t want to nibble on friends?
Arthur's right, Dai. You need a "Larder" to feed off of. Trust me, this is for the best.
...Besides, they've already lost their Spirit, without losing their Soul. Spirit makes the person, Soul makes them... Edible for the daemon stomach. Goodness, all these terms are starting to confuse me, but justification is needed, and in this case, well deserved.
>[Purple: One more thing, I seem to have problem connecting with “The Star”. Do you know where Arthur is right now so I can check with him?]
[Reply: That's... Worrying. Last I saw of him, he was with the group hunting down the shapestealer. If he's not with them, then all I can guess is that he's "Chasing some tail," as it were, but that shouldn't be blocking your contact?
...Ah, hell, question him when you get your contact back. He may have found the Daemortal. We need to know who it is so they can be restrained. Leverage against the Daemons is hard to come by, after all.]
>>
No. 629142 ID: 65a774
File 142637847110.png - (18.85KB , 900x450 , 47.png )
629142

>[Scan cultists]
[Demonic Creature(Hostile): Cultist.] x 2
>[@Purple: which inn is Red at?]
[Purple: I believe it’s called The Crippled Borack. Your police woman should know where it is.]
>[Reply: First Dai, now Arthur? Something must be interfering with player connections. We'll finish up here and start looking around.]
[Hmm… It is odd, yes… I guess I’ll try again soon…]

>Hey Dai, we just got back from Atena and Lucrais after they were looking through Lucrais's place. Apparently, one of the keystones was there, but it was stolen by one of Yellow's pawns. Who left behind roses.
:DaithiNUM: Great, so there’s another… thing out here?
>So yeah, that cultist with the rose may know something.
:ArthurNUM: We can ask him when they wake up, yes?
>Maybe you should ask your captive what the Great Devourer looks like, too?
:DaithiNUM: I wonder if they even saw the thing?
>Ah, yeah, you're filling the larder. Good to hear. Just make sure you coat the bars or doors in holy water daily, or something.
:ArthurNUM: I would recommend tying a holy symbol in front of door, yes? Very effective! Also, pour a bit of holy water in their normal water. That will keep them weak, yes?
>Arthur's right, Dai. You need a "Larder" to feed off of. Trust me, this is for the best.
:DaithiNUM: I still feel a bit repulsed eating people at all…
>Feel like hunting down a burglar? You'll have a chance to try out your new daemonic powers in combat, and you'll impress lucrais to boot.
:DaithiNUM: …yeah, no. I rather not go out trying to find something that scares the crap of the cultist alone. How about we postpone that to never?
>I think you two should get the hell out of there.
:ArthurNUM: I can’t agree more.

>Hey Arthur, purple is looking for you so give him a call when you have a chance.
:ArthurNUM: Oh, I forgot about him… just give me a second, yes?
:DaithiNUM:
:ArthurNUM:
:DaithiNUM:
:ArthurNUM: There, I spoke with him. Said I was busy with private matter and that we were attack but got prisoners, yes? That is kind of the truth, no?
>It might be a better idea to use Atena's prison for that. He can even be sentenced to death once you get hungry, so you won't have to explain him going missing.
:ArthurNUM: I’m pretty sure you can’t just throw people in town prison like that without trail…
:DaithiNUM: And executions are to be made in public with the guillotine… besides, they can’t just execute prisoners on a whim either. We’re not living in some corrupt nation where the city guards can do whatever they like.
:ArthurNUM: That’s why we have to break the law and lock them somewhere private!
:DaithiNUM: Err… yeah…
>any abandon buildings outside of town that either of you know of?
:DaithiNUM: Not that I can recall, no…
:ArthurNUM: We need someone safe and secure. An old building won’t do.
>It might not be a good idea to keep the captives at Dai's place- his father is also one of purple's pawns, so if he finds out it's game over.
:ArthurNUM: I already told purple we took prisoners, yes? He will probably want to, how you say, get information from them before they… um… disappear. I’m pretty sure he won’t care if they live or die… just don’t tell him you ate them.

:DaithiNUM: Still… I rather not have them locked in my basement…
:ArthurNUM: Then find a better place, yes? Also, we are already at your place, see?
:DaithiNUM: …right… I… I guess we go in the back door and at least tie them up or something for now? Wait… mom? What is she doing back here?
:GuardNUM: -just fallowing orders, ma’am.
:CeanaNUM: But… why would she want her stuff to be moved into our house?
:CathalNUM: Did their date yesterday really go that well!?
:CeanaNUM: Don’t be ridicules. You don’t move into someone’s parents’ house after the first date!
:GuardNUM: So… can we deliver this or not?
:UnknownKAK: Chirp~
>>
No. 629146 ID: 9ddf68

hey Cenana, how are you doing? Yeah had no idea Atena decide to move her things to your place but... well her house has been targeted by someone that can make cultist flee in terror, we got a some good information that Atena is more likely to die then most people, and while the date last night was kinda cut short there is something that popped up that has made it so Atena wants to keep a close eye on Daithi. Oh and do you mind if we lock up some cultist her for awhile? We need to interrogate them to find out what scared the shit out of them so bad and this was closer then the school sooooo....

Oh and if you say yes it means Daithi will stop by so you can talk to him about what's bothering him

Hey daithi, stay where you're at for a moment, we're going to talk to your mom for a bit.
>>
No. 629149 ID: ea0ad9

>You don’t move into someone’s parents’ house after the first date!
Hello, Ceana! Uh, I dunno. Maybe not as Mantises, but Lizards are a bit more fast paced, right? I still don't think they would normally do that, but in this particular case, it involves duty, hence the underlings. Her own house is being used as part of a STING operation. ...Your military experience does include knowledge on those, right? Tricking criminals into thinking they're succeeding at something, only to bring the hammer of police forces down on them?
>>
No. 629160 ID: 6e79d4

>How about we postpone that to never?
Do you really feel that lucky?

>Why would she want her stuff to be moved into our house?
Hi Ceana, no this isn't because of Daithi. We just discovered that Atena may be under threat- the thief who hit lucrais' residence dropped a note with Atena's address on it. Also, the thief stole a cyan sphere, just like the one in your room. We're certain that they're lesser runes, something we need to deny the daemons access to. You might want to lock it up a bit tighter.
>>
No. 629163 ID: d958ad

>>629142
(Ah. They must be talking about Atena.)

Hey Ceana, we're back. Yeah, we know about this. Atena's an assassination target, so I guess she wanted to hole up here for a while. It's legit.
>>
No. 629175 ID: 825af6

Ceana, is it odd that Atena didn't even send a note with them explaining what this is about? Or tell them to tell you what's up? Is it normal for her to overlook such things?

[@Purple: Sorry we forgot to tell you this, but Atena also found a dropped note just outside the wall of the Baideal Manor, on the trail of rose petals. It had her home address written on it, with a red cross over it. Likely a mark for assassination, but it could be for any number of other things, including placed as some kind of misdirection for us.]

[@Purple: About how long has it been since we messaged you our findings at Baideal Manor? I ask because we're currently with Ceana at the back door to her manor and there's three city guardsmen here with some chests of Atena's belongings, her pet Derackian forest slug, and orders to deliver them to Ceana's place. We think that Atena decided she wasn't safe at home and would stay here temporarily, but I want to check that enough time has passed for her to get from Baideal Manor to the station house, have the guards sweep her home, pack her stuff and have it carried over here. If not nearly enough time has passed for all that then there's some funny business going on.]

>>629160
>We're certain that they're lesser runes...
...Uh, no, they're keystones, not runes. While they are needed to open a Greater Elemental Rune's Vault they're not themselves runes.

Okay, I've noticed that some of us Voices have misremembered and mixed up what we know about the keystones, runes and the Vaults, so here's a refresher on them:

Keystones are cyan in color, vary in size from tiny gem to handball, glow with a faint inner light and are totally indestructible by any technology currently known to this world. Keystones will also glow brightly when within about 25 meters of a Lesser or Greater Rune.

Eight keystones are needed to unlock a Greater Elemental Rune's Vault, along with a Lesser Rune of a matching element to that of the Greater Rune in the Vault. Once used to open a Vault they cannot be retrieved.

We currently have a Greater Rune of Fire and Lesser Rune of Earth in our special inventory. [Check special inventory] (Just to check that nothing has gone missing or been slipped in.)
>>
No. 629212 ID: 3181a5

Scan everyone!

His may be a ruse to get into the house to steal the keystone.
And don't keystone glow when near players or is it when near other keystones?
>>
No. 629224 ID: 825af6

[@Purple: Hey, did you claim Victoria as a pawn? She mentioned hearing a voice that called himself Purple right before we switched away from Nick and we didn't have enough time to scan her. Just want to confirm you really did claim her or not and that nobody is impersonating you or something.]

>>629212
>His may be a ruse to get into the house to steal the keystone.
Maybe. We best be vigilant. Ceana, don't let the guardsmen carry Atena's belongings into the house. Ask them to leave the stuff outside and your servants will carry them in. Make sure to check inside the larger containers for anybody hidden in there. Oh, and ask Cathal to apply a holy symbol to Wally the slug to check that he's not a Shape Stealer or something.

We should also not spend much more time out here if possible and get inside to check that the keystone is still there and secure it. We don't want to find out that a thief slipped in while we were faffing about out there, now do we?

>And don't keystone glow when near players or is it when near other keystones?
Not when near players, but they do glow brighter when near other keystones and they glow really bright when near a Lesser or Greater Rune. I think they might also glow brighter when in proximity to a strong source of magic, like the one Ilbir had did when Jericho drew close, but I'm not certain on that.
>>
No. 629408 ID: 65a774
File 142652512779.png - (18.35KB , 900x450 , 48.png )
629408

>[Check special inventory]
[Greater Rune of Fire]
[Lesser Rune of Earth]
>Scan everyone!
[Neutral Creature (Friendly): Loyal Attendant.]
[Neutral Creature (Friendly): City Guard.] x 2
[Neutral Creature (Friendly): City Guard Corporal.]
[“The Hierophant” belongs to player purple!]
[“The Star” belongs to player purple!]

>[@Purple: Hey, did you claim Victoria as a pawn?]
[Purple: Victoria? That’s the teacher, right? Then yes, I’ve claimed her.]
>[@Purple: Sorry we forgot to tell you this, but Atena also found a dropped note just outside the wall of the Baideal Manor, on the trail of rose petals. It had her home address written on it, with a red cross over it.]
[I’ll see if I can move someone there to make an ambush. Thanks for the info.]
>[@Purple: About how long has it been since we messaged you our findings at Baideal Manor?]
[About… fifteen minutes I think?]

>Hello, Ceana! Uh, I dunno. Maybe not as Mantises, but Lizards are a bit more fast paced, right?
:CeanaNUM: (They are not this fast paced!)
>Atena's an assassination target, so I guess she wanted to hole up here for a while.
:CeanaNUM: (Her too? Why is everyone trying to hide in our manor? Geez, soon that Arthur character going to move in too, isn’t he?)
>This may be a ruse to get into the house to steal the keystone.
:CeanaNUM: (Hmm, should be a ruse, yes… wait, keystone?)
>Also, the thief stole a cyan sphere, just like the one in your room.
:CeanaNUM: (That old thing is… what did you call it? Keystone? Right, I’ll lock it up somewhere secure at once.)

>Ceana, is it odd that Atena didn't even send a note with them explaining what this is about? Or tell them to tell you what's up?
:GuardNUM: A note? Oh, right, that note! Give me the note the Captain gave us, private.
:GuardNUM: Err… weren’t you holding it?
:GuardNUM: I was? Right, I was! That was just a test, p-
:CeanaNUM: Just give me the damn note.
:GuardNUM: Right, here you are, ma’am.
:CeanaNUM: “Ceana, sorry but I need somewhere to lay low for a while, will explain when I come over. –Captain Atena.”
:GuardNUM: So… can we bring this in or not?
>Ceana, don't let the guardsmen carry Atena's belongings into the house. Ask them to leave the stuff outside and your servants will carry them in.
:CeanaNUM: Leave it there. I’ll have my servants bring them in.
:GuardNUM: Well, our work here is done. Have a good day, ma’am.

>Ask Cathal to apply a holy symbol to Wally the slug to check that he's not a Shape Stealer or something.
:UnknownKAK: Chirp?
:CathalNUM: …it’s just a slug… cute little bugger, though…
:UnknownKAK: Chirp~
>Oh and do you mind if we lock up some cultist here for a while? We need to interrogate them to find out what scared the shit out of them so bad and this was closer than the school sooooo....
:CeanaNUM: Cultists? Err… Cathal, dear, is the prison still functional?
:CathalNUM: Err… how should I know? I’ve never even been down there since we bought this place.
:UnknownKAK: Um… it should still be functional… we generally use those locales to play cards but as long as the locks haven’t rusted…
:CeanaNUM: Well, I guess we can hold one or two people?
:UnknownKAK: Ma’am, I’ve checked the boxes. There are only clothes and other things like that in them as far as I can tell.

:DaithiNUM: (So… how do I tell my parents that I’m… I’m eating people?)
[White: Err… It’s probably nothing but… I’ve lost track of Lucius… um… He might have just gone… somewhere for a moment but… yeah… just so you know. I’ll tell you if I see him again.]
>>
No. 629413 ID: d958ad

>>629408
Daithi: you don't. You tell only your mother. Your father is not strong willed, he cannot keep Purple at bay.
>>
No. 629417 ID: 98a14f

Okay we'll start off with how praying to your "mom" actually worked.
>>
No. 629425 ID: 6e79d4

More bad news, White lost track of Lucian. We need to find him before his charming personality gets him in trouble. Wait for the rest of Atena's stuff to be brought in and then go lock up the cultists. Then just ask her if you can talk. I guess start with asking her if she knows who the Diligent One is?
>>
No. 629436 ID: 9ddf68

>(So… how do I tell my parents that I’m… I’m eating people?)
we can bring it up to her if you want us to? Honestly I haven't said anything to her since this is your problem and as such the only people I feel should know about it are the people you want to know about it. If anything talk to her in private and bring up how you were a sickly child until she prayed to a daemon. Also make sure we're around when you do this to help talk her down should she freak out.

>[White: Err… It’s probably nothing but… I’ve lost track of Lucius… um… He might have just gone… somewhere for a moment but… yeah… just so you know. I’ll tell you if I see him again.]
don't worry about it to much he can't leave the school grounds so he'll be nearby. Probably disguised himself again and is wondering around because he's tired of being cramped in Daithi's room. Just scan the people you come across and keep an eye on your purification levels. He may not act it but he's still a god so being around him to long will increase you purification level. Wait is wonderer also with you? that might make that last option useless then.
>>
No. 630108 ID: 65a774
File 142687511852.png - (21.02KB , 900x450 , 49.png )
630108

>[Don't worry about it too much. He can't leave the school grounds so he'll be nearby. Probably disguised himself again and is wandering around because he's tired of being cramped in Daithi's room.]
[White: You’re probably right. He should be fine on his own.]
>[Wait is wonderer also with you?]
[Wasn’t it with Nickolas? I’m pretty sure it followed him.]

>More bad news, White lost track of Lucius.
:DaithiNUM: (Crap… I hope Lucius is smart enough to not wander into any of those hornets’ nest around the school… or try to put his di- …err… let’s just hope he doesn’t walk into Ealasaid…)
>Daithi: you don't. You tell only your mother. Your father is not strong willed, he cannot keep Purple at bay.
:DaithiNUM: (R-right… don’t tell dad…)
>we can bring it up to her if you want us to?
:DaithiNUM: (I… I don’t know… I think she will take it better if she… if she hears it from me…)
>Talk to her in private.
:DaithiNUM: (Of course…)

>Wait for the rest of Atena's stuff to be brought in and then go lock up the cultists.
:ArthurNUM: There… that would be safe, yes?
:CathalNUM: I don’t know… these doors are ancient… and their locks haven’t been used for years. I need to check if they will actually hold them.
>Okay we'll start off with how praying to your "mom" actually worked.
:CeanaNUM: So… what is on your mind, Grasshopper? You seem really… distracted today.
:DaithiNUM: I… mom… I… um…
:CeanaNUM: … …is it something about yesterday and… Atena?
:DaithiNUM: No, It’s… I mean yes… no… err… It’s complicated… and… I… um…
:CeanaNUM: Yes…?
:DaithiNUM: I… um… remember when I was small and… and you… err… I…
:CeanaNUM: …?
:DaithiNUM: … … …no, it’s… it’s nothing… I’m just a bit stressed out, that’s all…
:CeanaNUM: …are you sure?
:DaithiNUM: Y-yes… I’m… …I’m s-sure…
:CeanaNUM:
:DaithiNUM: …so… err… um… w-what should with do with the… key thingy?
>>
No. 630112 ID: 4201a1

Oh man up, or should we tell your mom to look in the mirror with you.
>>
No. 630119 ID: 6e79d4

>…no, it’s… it’s nothing…
...Fine, later.

The thief knew where the stones were, or otherwise he would have done more searching. Lock it up in the most secure place you have. Don't worry, he didn't go after anything else of value.
>>
No. 630120 ID: 6d4595

Dai, you can tell her when you're ready. Just remember that, chances are, she'll find out somehow sooner or later, and every favorable opportunity to tell her you pass up just means it's more likely that she'll find out in a less favorable way
>>
No. 630127 ID: 296917

>>630108
Ceana, something's been bothering me. You prayed to the Benevolent One to try to save him, right? Why? You knew she was a daemon, right?
>>
No. 630135 ID: 9ddf68

...Dai, you sure you don't want us to tell her? I mean you're right here and this is probably a better time then you can expect down the road. Because if experience has taught me anything now that all the pawns have been claimed and all the players on the board are known we're pretty close to the point where the shit hits the fan. If you don't want to tell her fine, but the longer you hold this off the harder it's going to be on the both of you.
>>
No. 630243 ID: 65a774
File 142695814362.png - (20.38KB , 900x450 , 50.png )
630243

>Oh man up, or should we tell your mom to look in the mirror with you.
:DaithiNUM: (W-what!? No! She’ll freak out if I showed her that!)
>...Dai, you sure you don't want us to tell her? I mean you're right here and this is probably a better time then you can expect down the road.
:DaithiNUM: (I… I… but… I can’t…)
>...Fine, later.
:DaithiNUM: (…)

>Ceana, something's been bothering me. You prayed to the Benevolent One to try to save him, right? Why?
:CeanaNUM: (Huh? Um… well… it wasn’t really… I was desperate, right? I pretty much prayed to every god whose name I should remember at the time…)
>You knew she was a daemon, right?
:CeanaNUM: (What? No, she isn’t. She’s one of those nature and fertility gods the barbarians out in the untamed lands worship. I’m pretty sure anyone who worship a demon, or even get close to one, becomes a fanatical, insane cultist. Those barbarians, while savage, aren’t really insane. Demons are monstrous creatures who corrupt everything they touch, after all.)

>The thief knew where the stones were, or otherwise he would have done more searching. Lock it up in the most secure place you have.
:CeanaNUM: I’ll lock them up in the family vault then. There’s mostly family heirlooms in there, but it is the safest place in the manor.
:DaithiNUM: Right, I… I’ll just check on Arthur and dad then…

:CathalNUM: -but Arthur wants to stay here for the night too… and the only bed that’s available right now is Daithi’s old bed.
:LucraisNUM: Hey! I’m not going to stay in the dorm alone! I want a bed here too!
:CathalNUM: As I said, the only bed available for you two is Daithi’s, so you have to ask him if you can borrow his room for the night. Hmmm… maybe you can share? It’s a pretty big bed after all…
:LucraisNUM:
:AtenaNUM: Ah, Daithi!
:DaithiNUM: Lu? Atena? What are you two doing here?
:AtenaNUM: Well… um… I’m pretty sure it isn’t safe in my apartment any longer so… oh, Teal is with you, right?
:DaithiNUM: Err… yes?
:AtenaNUM: Then I can tell them that we were too late. Whatever happened at that inn already happened before we got there. No idea if Black got what he wanted.
:LucraisNUM: Probably not. Lady Ealasaid looked furious!
:AtenaNUM: She did? I thought she looked rather collected.
:LucraisNUM: Trust me, I know when some lady like is trying to disguise a frown.
:AtenaNUM: (Oh, one more thing, Teal, I spoke too Libby before I left the school. I got her to confess that she’s put protective wards around Dai’s dorm and his home… which would explain why the inquisition and those imperial goons haven’t found our aliens yet.)
>>
No. 630255 ID: 296917

>>630243
Well, good to know Red can take care of himself. Still wish we had managed to contact him though. Unfortunately that also means we could have gone after the Great Devourer instead. Or maybe you shouldn't have, Atena. Anything that's strong enough to freak out that many cultists is probably not something you want to mess with.
[@Purple: Atena is available again, how goes the investigation into whatever's spooking the cultists? We believe it was one of Yellow's pawns. I wonder if it's Yellow's Queen.]

For sleeping arrangements... Well apparently the dorm is relatively safe. There's no need for *everyone* to sleep here. If it really does turn out that more than one person is gonna sleep over, what about some cushions? Sleeping bags? Spare mattresses?

Also Daithi: sounds like it was a good thing you didn't tell your mom yet, as she thinks daemons corrupt everything all the time. This means if you really want to tell her, Arthur should be there with you as proof that daemons don't always corrupt worshipers.

Atena: Daithi didn't actually eat anyone, he captured two cultists for emergency rations.
>>
No. 630256 ID: 9ddf68

neat, so we got 3 people that Dai wants to bang and vise versa fighting to be Dai's bed warmer and 2 of them know of Dai's secret. To bad things are starting to sound like tonight is going to end in a fight because yellow is either going to come here to get either Ceana's keystone or Atena's. Possibly both.

Oh and on that topic, Atena you set up the sting at your house right? you going to go there personally to see if you can't catch our rose petal thief or you staying here? Oh and when you went to see Libby did you happen to run into Lucius? He was helping white and Cedric but wondered off and now they have no idea where he is.
>>
No. 630270 ID: 6e79d4

>Hey! I’m not going to stay in the dorm alone!
I thought Dai was going to be there, in addition to the aliens. Otherwise you'll have to sleep head to foot or something.
>>
No. 630282 ID: 65a774
File 142698334309.png - (20.82KB , 900x450 , 51.png )
630282

>[@Purple: Atena is available again, how goes the investigation into whatever's spooking the cultists? We believe it was one of Yellow's pawns. I wonder if it's Yellow's Queen.]
[Purple: We’ve already lost the track… yellow is hard to follow. Most of his pawns are… weird, to say the least.]

>Atena: Daithi didn't actually eat anyone, he captured two cultists for emergency rations.
:AtenaNUM: (Ah, good. Then I can w- err… make sure he doesn’t eat too many. That hunger of his need to be controlled.)
>Unfortunately that also means we could have gone after the Great Devourer instead. Or maybe you shouldn't have, Atena. Anything that's strong enough to freak out that many cultists is probably not something you want to mess with.
:AtenaNUM: (I rather not go around trying to find something like that, yes. Even with the inquisition as backup.)
>Atena you set up the sting at your house right? You’re going to go there personally to see if you can't catch our rose petal thief or you staying here?
:AtenaNUM: (I’ve set up a watch that’s ready to make an ambush. My apartment is right next to the police office, so it shouldn’t be too hard to keep an eye on it.)
>Oh and when you went to see Libby did you happen to run into Lucius?
:AtenaNUM: (Err... I was there this morning. I just headed back there a few minutes after you, me and Dai had talked to her. I needed to ask her about a safe place to crash.)

>Neat, so we got 3 people that Dai wants to bang and vice versa fighting to be Dai's bed warmer.
:DaithiNUM: (Err… a-are you s-s-s-s-ngt…)
:LucraisNUM: (What!? That’s not- I never- I just don’t want to sleep alone, alright!?)
:AtenaNUM: I’m pretty sure I can sleep on couch if needed, Cathal.
>Also Daithi: sounds like it was a good thing you didn't tell your mom yet, as she thinks daemons corrupt everything all the time.
:DaithiNUM: (…I… … … …Maybe I shouldn’t tell her at all… it’s p-probably better if… if she didn’t… …)

>To bad things are starting to sound like tonight is going to end in a fight because yellow is going to come here to get Ceana's keystone.
:AtenaNUM: If Yellow is corrupt like purple said, then his pawn will have problems entering the grounds Daithi’s house is on. At least, if Libby’s wards works like she said they would.
>I thought Dai was going to be there, in addition to the aliens. Otherwise you'll have to sleep head to foot or something.
:LucraisNUM: Um… wait, Dai is still sleeping in the dorm?
:DaithiNUM: Err… well, I was thinking… it’s kind of dangerous at school right now and… um…
:ArthurNUM: We spotted a shape stealer in attic, yes? School is very dangerous right now.
:LucraisNUM: Wait, You were just going to leave me in the dorm in an demon infested school!?
:DaithiNUM: Um… of course not?
>For sleeping arrangements... Well apparently the dorm is relatively safe. There's no need for *everyone* to sleep here.
:LucraisNUM: Didn’t Dai and Arthur just say that it was dangerous!?
:ArthurNUM: Demon on loose, yes? I would, how you say, recommend that we stay here for the night. I am sure we can find nice sleeping places before nightfall.
:CathalNUM: Well, you can at least stay for dinner. It’s just a an hour or two away, after all.
:LucraisNUM: Oh, wait, sh- I was supposed to prepare something for tonight’s date with Dai!
:CathalNUM: Wait, you have a date with Lady Lucrais? Aren’t you dating Atena!?
:DaithiNUM: Err… well…
:LucraisNUM: I’ve haven’t had time to prepare anything! I’M DOOMED!!
:ArthurNUM:Feces, seems like I’m one date behind on both fronts…
>>
No. 630283 ID: e6020d

well tell your dad after the marriage was called off you started seeing people on your own hoping to see if you couldn't find someone you'd like to be with on your own, I mean both of them knew you had a date with the other.

But yeah a simple home made dinner sounds like a nice, calm, non-stressful date. And seeing how everything is kinda getting crazy I say you should go for it. Just something to help the two of you relax and forget about your troubles for a hour or two. It will be nice.
>>
No. 630300 ID: 296917

>>630282
Oh excuse us, we prepare our responses all at once, at specific points of time where everything is "paused". So if you say something that disagrees with what we're saying we won't realize it until the next slice of time.

Daithi, just say you haven't done anything serious with anyone yet so there's no commitments yet, which means you're giving everyone a chance.

Arthur: both fronts? Was there more than one front?

Lucrais: Calm down and think of something that doesn't take much time to prepare.
>>
No. 630301 ID: 6e79d4

>Wait, you have a date with Lady Lucrais? Aren’t you dating Atena!?
The marriage was called off, but we're not entirely sure how he got roped into a date.
>I’ve haven’t had time to prepare anything! I’M DOOMED!!
Just call a rain check. The city turned into a demilitarized zone overnight, Dai will understand more than anyone.
>seems like I’m one date behind on both fronts…
You had tea. It counts retroactively.

Alright, we'll gather Nick and the Aliens. You guys... build a pillow fort or something. If you don't have enough pillows, divide sleeping quarters by gender. At least then people won't gossip so hard.
[switch to Strength]
>>
No. 630334 ID: 65a774
File 142704459612.png - (13.83KB , 900x450 , 52.png )
630334

>A simple homemade dinner sounds like a nice, calm, non-stressful date.
:LucraisNUM: Hmm… yeah, that sounds fantastic! I got this old family recipe that I know Dai will love!
:AtenaNUM: Wait, you can cook?
:LucraisNUM: Why, of course? Why wouldn’t I?
:AtenaNUM: I just thought, err… you know, you being a lady from a rich family and…
:LucraisNUM: Used to be rich. I haven’t had a proper cook since I was teenager.
:AtenaNUM: Oh… sorry for assuming that you shouldn’t… err…
:LucraisNUM: Apology accepted.
>I say you should go for it. Just something to help the two of you relax and forget about your troubles for an hour or two. It will be nice.
:DaithiNUM: That does sound wonderful, doesn’t it?
:LucraisNUM: Then it’s a date! I’ll head to the kitchen and see if you have everything I need to cook an amazing dinner.

>Arthur: both fronts? Was there more than one front?
:ArthurNUM: Err… you heard that!?
:DaithiNUM: You’re standing right next to me.
:ArthurNUM: I… um… I was talking about Atena, yes? She’s… um… h-how you say… pretty?
:DaithiNUM: …wait, you’re trying to woo me and Atena at the same time?
:ArthurNUM: Um… maybe?
>You had tea. It counts retroactively.
:ArthurNUM: Oh, right… I did get a kiss after all… I guess, yes?

>Tell your dad after the marriage was called off you started seeing people on your own hoping to see if you couldn't find someone you'd like to be with on your own, I mean both of them knew you had a date with the other.
:CathalNUM: Wait… you managed to convince them to both date you at the same time?
:DaithiNUM: Err… it’s not li-
:CathalNUM: You managed to get two girlfriends at once!?
:AtenaNUM: That’s not how it is. He’s courting all of us to find… um…
:ArthurNUM: To find which one of us three is best mate, yes?
:CathalNUM: Wait, three? You’re dating three people at once!?
:DaithiNUM: Err…
>You're giving everyone a chance.
:DaithiNUM: Yeah… just… you know, trying to find the right one.
:CathalNUM: Still… three people at once…

>Alright, we'll gather Nick and the Aliens. You guys... build a pillow fort or something.
:AtenaNUM: I think it would be better if we found some couches or something.
:ArthurNUM: But building a big, comfy pillow mountain would be, how you say, very comfy, yes? And fun!
:AtenaNUM: … …right. Either way, I’ll go see if I can find somewhere for us all to sleep…
:ArthurNUM: I’ll help, yes?
:AtenaNUM: Thanks.
:CathalNUM:
:DaithiNUM: … …so…
:CathalNUM: I have to say, I’m proud of you. You managed to woo three people at once! That’s… I mean, if you managed to bed them all without anyone of them biting your head off-
:DaithiNUM: Dad!?
:CathalNUM: I always knew there was something about… you’ve always been acting like a proper woman instead of a man, being more dominating instead of submissive.
:DaithiNUM: Dad, please…
:CathalNUM: I guess trying to make a harem would be natural for you… Hmm… I wonder if they would be willing to make it a fourso-?
:DaithiNUM: DAD!? THE HELL!?
:CathalNUM: Sorry.



>[switch to Strength]
:EalasaidNUM: -ou just say!?
:LuciusNUM: Err… I mean, that dress does really bring forth your lovely figure and… um… it fits well with your deep and beautiful eyes?
:EalasaidNUM:
:WandererNUM: Pleeease ignooore my idiooot friend, yooour highness… we weeere discussing sooome ratheeer intereeesting points beeefore heee in-
:LuciusNUM: All I said was that she looked gorgeous.
:EalasaidNUM:
:NickolasNUM: (…she’s going to bite his head off if I don’t do anything… dammit, why are the aliens talking with the empress daughter!? Don’t they know how dangerous that is!?)
>>
No. 630339 ID: 4201a1

Sooooooooo how did they get into this situation?
>>
No. 630357 ID: 9ddf68

[message to white: I thought wonderer was with you and Cedric?]

<ding>
hey nick, I see the to tourist are in a bit of a bind, think you could drag them away claiming that they still haven't finished cleaning the school's church? If pressed just say they asked for a place to stay while passing through town, then instead on paying you back even though you never charged them, then wondered off after you gave them something to do. Then once you get them back to the church actually make them do something that needs doing just to keep these two busy and out of trouble.
>>
No. 630368 ID: 6e79d4

>Don’t they know how dangerous that is!?
I don't think we got it through to Lucius that the world itself has a bounty on his head. We'll ask him if we should use smaller or harsher words in the future.

I can't think of anything we can use to distract Black; he's on the thieves' side so he won't be interested in the stakeout, and asking him if he wants to interview the cultists we captured running from the 'all-devourer' will lead him straight into Dai's house, piss off Purple, and probably not interest him anyway. Telling him about the shapechanger in the attic would just throw the aliens under suspicion. You'll have to do it yourself- tell her that they're just some hired guards, with everything that's been going on you thought you could use the security.
>>
No. 630384 ID: 296917

>>630334
[scan all those present]
Hey Nickolas. Did we ask you yet if you've seen any cyan orbs anywhere? They're called Keystones and we need them.

If you want to try to defuse things, you can go and ask if everything is alright. Maybe warn her that a shapeshifter was seen in on school grounds so it's not safe for her here.
>>
No. 630475 ID: 65a774
File 142713172177.png - (13.38KB , 900x450 , 53.png )
630475

>[scan all those present]
[{%^*¤öö43}]
[His Grace, Lord of Salí, Sir Lucius the Third.]
[“The Empress” belong to player Black!]
[Neutral Creature(Hostile): Imperial Guard] x4
>[Message to white: I thought wanderer was with you and Cedric?]
[White: Lucius was with me before I lost him. Wanderer was with Nickolas, remember?]

><ding>
Good, you’re here. I need some assistance.
>Hey Nickolas. Did we ask you yet if you've seen any cyan orbs anywhere?
Cyan orbs? You mean like a sphere the size of a human fist? I think I saw Lady Ealasaid pocket one of those a moment ago.
>When you get them back to the church actually make them do something that needs doing just to keep these two busy and out of trouble.
Geez, I’m pretty sure those two would even screw up something as simple as sweeping the floor.
>I don't think we got it through to Lucius that the world itself has a bounty on his head.
I’m pretty sure he’s too thick headed for anything to get through. Either that or he’s suicidal.
>Sooooooooo how did they get into this situation?
I don’t know for sure. Either The one who wanders went up to her because it though she looked interesting, or Lucius went up to her trying to woo her because he thinks she got a nice abdomen.

>If you want to try to defuse things, you can go and ask if everything is alright.
:NickolasNUM: Is everything going well here? I thought I heard an argument brewing.
:EalasaidNUM: Everything is fine, Priest, no need for you to get involved.
:NickolasNUM: Actually, as I know those two personally…
>Tell her that they're just some hired guards, with everything that's been going on you thought you could use the security.
:EalasaidNUM: You do?
:NickolasNUM: They are hired guards. I thought we needed a bit extra security at a time like this.
:EalasaidNUM: Security? You’re surrounded by the Royal Guard, the very best of the best.
:NickolasNUM: Yet someone keep stealing the wine from the temple… and other alcoholic beverages.
:EalasaidNUM: …are you suggesting tha-
:NickolasNUM: And one of the silver holy statues is gone.
:EalasaidNUM: …I’ll make sure none of that is in the possession of one of my soldiers, priest.
:NickolasNUM: Thank you.

:EalasaidNUM: So… sell swords? I can’t quite place your accents, though.
:WandererNUM: This ooone is frooom beeeyooond the vee-
:LuciusNUM: Derack. We’re from Derack.
:EalasaidNUM: Oh? From the city of Brass then?
:LuciusNUM: No, I’m from the southern parts of Derack. Never been to the capital. But as much as I want to stay here and converse with a wonderful lady, my client needs me.
:EalasaidNUM: Uh huh… so, can I have your names?
:LuciusNUM: Oh, how rude of me. Let me introduce us. I am Lucius Orbitrucido, mercenary and warrior of honor… and this is my underling, Wanderer.
:WandererNUM: We are happy tooo meeet yooou.
:LuciusNUM: He’s been a bit… odd ever since that run in we had with those barbarians from the untamed lands. He took quite the blow to his head.
:NickolasNUM: As fun as these introductions are, we reall-
:EalasaidNUM: No, you don’t need to do anything. I have some time to spare and Lucius here sound rather… interesting.
:NickolasNUM: But-
:EalasaidNUM: Officer, go and make sure everything that the soldiers have stolen is returned… If anyone tries to keep anything calmly make sure that they don’t keep their heads.
:UnknownKAK: Yes, ma’am.
:EalasaidNUM: And you can take this Wander with you if you like. I rather talk to this mercenary captain in private.
:LuciusNUM: Err…

:NickolasNUM: Dammit! This is just getting worse! And where did he even get that ridicules name!?
:WandererNUM: It is frooom war game that Dai plays…
:NickolasNUM: …crap.
>>
No. 630477 ID: 296917

>>630475
Tell her he's really terrible in bed.
>>
No. 630489 ID: 4201a1

Maybe we can make a diversion of continually biting her for a good amount of time.
>>
No. 630500 ID: 6e79d4

Say if she insists, but Teal said they required your presence. Refer to her as lady empress or some other appropriate title so Lucius gets the hint.

He's BSing so hard I don't know if his story makes any geographic sense.
>>
No. 630525 ID: 6d4595

>>630500
I really doubt that Black didn't scan them, so I'm not sure if any of this BSing is working in the first place. Also, we really should ask Lucius about that title later. Not now, obviously.
>>
No. 630526 ID: 9ddf68

tell her that while you glad she no longer is upset with your hired hands you are paying for their services and would like it if they could get back to their jobs. While saying that make sure you're looking at lucius and make it sound like you're annoyed. Don't threaten to fire him though because Ealasaid will then offer to hire him on the spot.
>>
No. 630532 ID: 65a774
File 142714890216.png - (14.28KB , 900x450 , 54.png )
630532

>Tell her he's really terrible in bed.
I’m pretty sure she’s not trying to sleep with him. It looks more like she’s about to bite his head off.
>He's BSing so hard I don't know if his story makes any geographic sense.
So far it makes sense… he must have read about Derack in Dai’s dorm.
>I really doubt that Black didn't scan them, so I'm not sure if any of this BSing is working in the first place.
…well, we’re screwed if that’s true.

>Tell her that while you glad she no longer is upset with your hired hands you are paying for their services and would like it if they could get back to their jobs.
:NickolasNUM: As much as I appreciate your willingness to keep my guard company, I have to ask for you to reconsider. I’m paying them for certain services and I would like it if they were able to perform it without having to dance around you, Lady Empress.
:EalasaidNUM: The Empress Daughter, please.
:LuciusNUM: Oh?
:EalasaidNUM: An I insist that I get a few minutes with this… mercenary.
:NickolasNUM: Teal require-
:EalasaidNUM: Teal? I don’t care what that Teal wants. If he has any complains he should take it up with Black, who isn’t here right now.
:NickolasNUM: Why do you even want to talk to this… this ruffian.
:EalasaidNUM: I… err… I just wanted too- You know what, screw it. Woman, apprehend the al-
>Maybe we can make a diversion of continually biting her for a good amount of time.
:EalasaidNUM: OW! WHAT WAS THAT!?
:UnknownKAK: Apprehend the Alow?
>>
No. 630534 ID: 296917

>>630532
[bite her every time she tries to say something]
It's weird that this is actually working, usually people just complain about an itching. Are we getting stronger?
>>
No. 630535 ID: 6e79d4

>Woman, apprehend the al-
...Alien? Shit.
[scan inquisitors]
Unless I'm mistaken, the purple's inquisitors hold a mean grudge against black. You may need to prevent a fight from breaking out.
>>
No. 630577 ID: 9ddf68

[message to black: sooooo, how's it going? Your king said we should talk to you. Oh yeah and there's another player running around stealing shit from rich people so you might want to keep an eye on anything you think is important since you are with the leader of this country's daughter which is bound to be a target. Believe the player's name was yellow.]

Hey nick, heads up, the inquisition just showed up so you might have to play peace keeper since black and purple have a history with each other.

[Message to Lucius: For the love of the greater gear or whatever you worship, shut up, try to walk towards nick, and for future reference that hiver you where trying to hook up with is not only the Empress's Daughter with easily pissed off guards who follow her every word without question but also the king(most important unit) of a player that seems dead set on capturing you for reasons we're not 100% sure of. Last we check, they wanted to hand you over to the Serpens that are looking for you. We'll try and cover you]

>>630534
backing this up.
>>
No. 630586 ID: 296917

>>630577
If this is Black's king we should kill her at the soonest opportunity. I don't think that is the case, though. Black wouldn't expose his king with only a couple of guards.
>>
No. 630729 ID: 65a774
File 142722308606.png - (14.66KB , 900x450 , 55.png )
630729

>[scan inquisitors]
[Neutral Creature(Neutral): Inquisitor Soldier] x 4
[“The Inverted Sun” belongs to player purple! King clad in gold!]
>[message to black: sooooo, how's it going?]
[Black is ignoring you.]
>[Message to Lucius: For the love of the greater gear or whatever you worship, shut up.]
[&%#¤%###¤#¤¤¤¤¤¤¤#!!!!!]
:LuciusNUM: OW!!!

>If this is Black's king we should kill her at the soonest opportunity.
Err… just straight up murder someone is a bit… steep. Not to mention that killing one of the daughters of the Empress would be… um… rather suicidal.
>...Alien? Shit.
…and judgement day came…

>Unless I'm mistaken, the purple's inquisitors hold a mean grudge against black. You may need to prevent a fight from breaking out.
:InqisNUM: Stop right there! Those two mercenaries are under arrest according to inquisitorial law!
:EalasaidNUM: T-
>[bite her every time she tries to say something]
:EalasaidNUM: Ow, who keeps… They belong to me, Human! You can take your stupid law and –ow- shove it up your-
:InqisNUM: Your word does not carry any weight here, you overgrown female dog! I will apprehend these two even if I need to gut you while doing it!
:EalasaidNUM: ´How dare you speak to me like that! I am a high ranking officer of the imperial army! You will show me respect or face immediate execution!
:InqisNUM: You call those polished tin cans an army!? Don’t make me laugh! Now hand over the fugitives or face our wrath!
:EalasaidNUM: Women! Ready your-
:NickolasNUM: Whoa, calm down! No need to resort to violence!
:EalasaidNUM: These prisoners belong to me!
:InqisNUM: Over my dead body!
:EalasaidNUM: That can be arranged, male.

:LuciusNUM: Wow… I… I didn’t expect them to be this violent…
[Purple: What is going on? First I lose contact with Arthur, now I’ve lost contact with my king!]
>>
No. 630737 ID: 4201a1

Must we bite everybody..... Cause I'm up for it.
>>
No. 630740 ID: 60700b

>now I’ve lost contact with my king!
Welp, just found Purple's king, though we only know him as "The Inverted Sun".
>>
No. 630742 ID: 60700b

[@Purple: What was the last thing your king was doing when you lost contact?]
>>
No. 630744 ID: 296917

>>630729
[@Purple: Inverted Sun is your king? We just scanned him and got '“The Inverted Sun” belongs to player purple! King clad in gold!' Something is very strange... did Black just somehow corrupt him? Also he's about to get in a fight with Ealasaid. If it weren't for the chance of your king getting killed I'd be all for it, as a victory would remove one of Black's more important pawns...]

I suggest Wanderer use his time-distortion beam to remove this problem for a day. It's a non-violent solution.
>>
No. 630746 ID: 6e79d4

>[Black is ignoring you.]
Prick.
[message purple: He's in the school, our scan says that he's under the control of the 'king clad in gold'. He's encountered Ealasiad and they've started exchanging death threats. We'll keep the peace until you reestablish a connection, or find some other way to get in here.]

Part of me says letting them duke it out would kill two birds with one stone, and that there is no way you three are stepping in between them. Then my morality starts kicking up a bitch fit and says that we can't leave purple out to dry. Step between them, say there is no way in hell they're going to kill each other over a jurisdictional pissing contest over some mercenaries when there are daemons eating people and cultists running rampant. A house divided cannot stand and all that. If they know that Lucius and Wanderer are the aliens, say they're of no strategic value- Teal already tried capturing them, no dice. but don't say that until you're absolutely sure they know. you can prove it by touching them, our capture ability is still disabled.
>>
No. 630747 ID: 9ddf68

>[Purple: What is going on? First I lose contact with Arthur, now I've lost contact with my king!]
[reply: well he has a group of Inquisition with him and he's about to start a war with black, blacks king, and by extension the whole empire here seeing as how the two are about to draw blood fighting over who get's to capture Lucius and wanderer. When we scanned your king we got this message {“The Inverted Sun” belongs to player purple! King clad in gold}. Any idea what's this about? We'll try to stop things from boiling over but I think we may be a little late to stop that from happening.]

[scan for other nearby players]

Nick quick ask Lucius what he was doing, I can't help but think this is somehow his fault, and I'm not talking about him trying to get some royal thorax I mean why the Inquisition is acting more hostile right now then they should be and why Purple can't talk to his king. And if I remember right one of Lucius's titles that he keeps changing had something to do with gold at one time or another. Also why can't we message him anymore? We use to be able to seeing how he's basically another player.

Also we need a way to stop this from coming to blows otherwise we're going to not only have gods coming from the beyond who we can't really touch because of admin bullshit powers coming down on our asses with the possibility of cultist thrown in to keep things interesting but a full blown war going on as well.

[message black: PICK UP THE DAMN PHONE AND TALK TO US. WE ARE NOT GOING TO HAVE A GOD DAMN WAR START OVER A PETTY PISSING MACH!]

Nick any clue how to get the two to back down? Because unless we can get a hold of black, and Lucius IS the reason the inquisition is acting funny I'm not sure their's much we can do.
>>
No. 630811 ID: ea0ad9

>[Message to Lucius: For the love of the greater gear or whatever you worship, shut up.]
>[&%#¤%###¤#¤¤¤¤¤¤¤#!!!!!]
Uh
>[“The Inverted Sun” belongs to player purple! King clad in gold!]
Are we corrupted or can Lucius just not hear our communications? If it's the latter, it means that that inquisition fellow is corrupted, but if it's the former, it means that the Empress Daughter is corrupted.
>>
No. 630816 ID: 296917

>>630811
Lucius and Wanderer are being interpreted by the game strangely, and we almost perceive them as players but not quite. I'm guessing that the message got through but was garbled just because of the game.
>>
No. 630902 ID: 825af6

..."King Clad in Gold?" That name is familiar, but from where? ...Aw, crap. Guys, I just remembered where we heard that name before: It was from Bob the Jailor, back in the Serath the night he manifested to speak to us and Jericho. (>>/questarch/574106) The King Clad in Gold is the leader of the rebel Daemon faction! Goddammit, we totally forgot that he would be in play over here! Oh, this is BAD!

Nick, we got a scan in on Purple's king, the Inquisitor captain, and it's super ultra double bad news: He's been taken or possessed or something by The King Clad in Gold, the leader of the rebel Daemons! We were told Goldie'd be in play over here, but we didn't know when, where or how. Needless to say, we do NOT want him to get his hands on Wanderer or Lucius.

Write off any chance of talking them down, and especially don't get in their way or between them. Goldie most likely doesn't give a damn about causing mortals harm and will throw everyone and everything he can into getting Wanderer and Lucius. Start shuffling them back and once the fighting starts take the opportunity to try and slip away. But if you fail, then you're gonna have to run. Or, rather, Wanderer and Lucius will run as fast as they can while carrying you.

Whisper to both Wanderer and Lucius to shuffle over to put one of the Imperial Guards between them and the Inquisitors' line of sight, then start backing away. Once the fight starts, they pick you up and make a run for it. Ultimate destination is to sneak back to Daithi's dorm; We know it'll be safe there just as long as nobody saw you get there.

Whisper to Lucius to tell him that if we get pursuers you want him to crank his armor's lamp up as high as it'll go. You want him to become like the sun and blind them long enough to get around a corner, then turn the lamp off. They'll be blinded until their eyes readjust to low light, which will give you several seconds.

Whisper to Wanderer to ask if he has his temporal stasis gun on him; The one he used on the fanatics the night he arrived. If he does then tell him to be ready to draw and fire it on any pursuers in case we have to make a run for it. Also ask if he has his invisibility cloak or object disguise device. Those'll come in handy in losing any pursuers, just as long as it can fit all three of you in the area of effect.

Oh, and whisper to Lucius to change his scan name to something that reads as nondescript NPC. His current one practically screams he's either a player or the stupidest Shape Stealer ever. Also ask him if he sees Black or anything else hanging around Ealasaid or the shorty Inquisitor. I want to know if she was lying in saying Black wasn't here.

Oh, and Nick, when you next get a moment, tell us how the meeting between you, Issaru and Libby went. We saw a bit after you went to it that your status was "terrified" so I have a feeling it didn't go well.

I think I have an idea for how we might kick The King Clad in Gold out of Purple's king: We expose him to a strong burst of divine power. We'll have to get him near one of the Serpens, since they're the only source of divine power around, and have them perform a godly admin act like when they restored Nick's hearing or Thyna's tongue. That alone was enough spike our blessed level from zero to max, so I figure to Goldie it'd be like getting a roundhouse kick in the teeth. Nick, where are the Serpens right now?

...Oh, I just had a thought: The "Great Devourer" that scared all the cultists out of the woods might have been The King Clad in Gold manifesting in this world, devouring cultists to get the soul-juice to pull this off. Something to keep in mind when interrogating the cultists later.

>…and judgement day came…
But why would she use the term "alien?" How did she find that out? And why the heck would she use the term "alien" when ordering her guards? I highly doubt she'd tell them he was an alien, so it doesn't make sense 'cause they wouldn't know who she was talking about. Is there any other word that starts with "al" that would have fit in the context? 'Cause I can't think of any.

>Wow… I… I didn’t expect them to be this violent…
Well, what was he expecting? And why was he expecting anything?

[@Purple: Your king is currently in a hallway in the Academy with four Inquisitors, about to get into a bloody battle with Ealasaid and her four Imperial Guards over whether he takes Wanderer and Lucius prisoner or her. That's bad, but it gets worse. Your king's scan returned "“The Inverted Sun” belongs to player purple! King clad in gold!" The King Clad in Gold is the leader of the rebel Daemon faction! It looks like he's somehow been possessed or taken by a daemon without kicking you out. When and where did you lose contact with your king, anyway? Unfortunately this means it's quite possible everything you see, hear or say can be heard by Goldie, including inter-player messages, so we cannot talk freely until he's removed. And take care what you say and hear until then, for Goldie might hear it. We'll talk again when we're more sure there's no eavesdroppers.]

>[White: Lucius was with me before I lost him. Wanderer was with Nickolas, remember?]
Wait a second... It was the other way around. (>>/quest/628012) Something might be off here...

Hey, Nick, when you were looking for Dai earlier, who do you remember coming with you on the search? And while with you did they talk or do anything else that positively identified them? And was Wanderer or Lucius with you at any time after then? I ask 'cause what White has said to us contradicts our memory of who went where with who then and I want some clarification. Also, when you get a moment, ask Wanderer and Lucius where they went then and after and with whom.

>>630816
Or it might somehow be a game glitch on just our end and another player could message him. We'd better ask White or Purple to try sending Lucius a message the next time they're near him, so they can scan him to get his name and "meet" him as far as the game is concerned so they can try to send him a message.
>>
No. 631052 ID: 1e7c27

>>630729
...Okay, wow. This... it really has been a while from me, hasn't it?

Alright, so, things are getting out of hand. Death threats are being shouted, people are losing contact with other people, and frankly, I don't see how this can get any worse. At this point, I see we only have two options.

Leave.
or
Intervene.

Both of these options are terrible

To leave would make Eala (Whom somehow knows about Teal, presumably through Black) tell Black that we are not only harboring the aliens, but possibly even say that we're actively working against them, when, frankly, we're neutral with them (At least, according to our last interaction with them, I believe that is the case.)

To Intervene would end up with us being killed. Both parties are mad, arguing, and shouting death threats. I doubt they would listen to reason, especially right now. If we were to inact any sort of intervention on them, frankly, it would go bad.

So, what does one do when they can't leave or can't act?

He/she waits. Sit down, and watch. Picking a side would kill us, and walking away would also kill us. Inaction is sometimes the best action, is it not?

Please note, that this is from the perspective of a man who hasn't caught up to date again. So while I may not know EVERYTHING that is going on, this is still what I currently believe to be the best course of action.
>>
No. 631071 ID: 65a774
File 142739999534.png - (14.11KB , 900x450 , 56.png )
631071

>[scan for other nearby players]
[Black (Impossible)(Conqueror)(Level 25)]
[({%^*¤öö43})(God/Goddess/Unable to confirm gender, please contact admin for additional help!)(level 150)]
[(Lucius Orbitrucido, Mercenary captain)(God)(level 125)]
>[@Purple: What was the last thing your king was doing when you lost contact?]
[Purple: He spotted some kind of argument in one of the corridors at the school. I believe some of those imperial soldiers were involved.]
>[He's encountered Ealasiad and they've started exchanging death threats. We'll keep the peace until you reestablish a connection, or find some other way to get in here.]
[He’s doing what!? I ordered him to stay away from that… that hag! What is he doing!?]
>[@Purple: Inverted Sun is your king? We just scanned him and got '“The Inverted Sun” belongs to player King clad in gold!']
[Yes, he’s my- wait what!? King of what!?]

>Hey, Nick, when you were looking for Dai earlier, who do you remember coming with you on the search?
I believe Lucius was following me… but he’d already sneaked away before I even got to the old barracks.
>Oh, and Nick, when you next get a moment, tell us how the meeting between you, Issaru and Libby went.
Err… that meeting is happening right now. I spotted this right as I escorted Issaru to the library.
>I suggest Wanderer use his time-distortion beam to remove this problem for a day. It's a non-violent solution.
:WandererNUM: Tooo many targeeets, might malfunctiooon. This ooone will nooot fireee if peooople will be hurt unleeess last resooort.
>Nick quick ask Lucius what he was doing, I can't help but think this is somehow his fault.
:LuciusNUM: Err… I was trying to speak with the pretty lady?
>Oh, and whisper to Lucius to change his scan name to something that reads as nondescript NPC.
:LuciusNUM: Change my what now?
>Whisper to both Wanderer and Lucius to shuffle over to put one of the Imperial Guards between them and the Inquisitors' line of sight, then start backing away.
:LuciusNUM: Right, Consider us gone.

>So, what does one do when they can't leave or can't act? He/she waits. Sit down, and watch.
What!? I can’t just sit idly by while people are dying! I need to act before this get out of hand!
>I think I have an idea for how we might kick The King Clad in Gold out of Purple's king: We expose him to a strong burst of divine power.
…err… like throwing a holy symbol at him?
>Step between them!
:NickolasNUM: Stop this nonsense at once!
:EalasaidNUM: I will no-
:NickolasNUM: YES YOU WILL. You will stand down, calm down and resolve this as responsible adults!
:InqisNUM: HOW DARE YOU SP- Ow! D-did… did you just throw your pendant at me!?
:NickolasNUM: BE QUIET AND LISTEN! There is no way that I will allow you two to kill each other because of some pointless pissing contest over irrelevant mercenaries! There are demons eating people outside these very walls and cultist subverting these very students and you two are fighting over who got the biggest freaking-
:InqisNUM: Erg, that stupid pendant fell right down into my armor…
:NickolasNUM: -just showing that you two have more balls then freaking brains! What is wrong with you!!
:InqisNUM: Wait, what were we arguing about again? I can’t really recall…
:EalasaidNUM: …You agreed that those two mercenaries would be taken into my care.
:InqisNUM: I did? That doesn’t sound like… wait, which mercenaries?
:EalasaidNUM: Those tw- …oh, for the love of- Woman, spread out and find those two at once! Kill them if you have to!
:UnknownKAK: At once, my lady!
:InqisNUM: Err… wait…
:EalasaidNUM: I’m done here. Have a good d-
>Must we bite everybody..... Cause I'm up for it.
:EalasaidNUM: Son of a- who keeps- ARGH!!

[Hmm… seems like I got control of my king again… he seems rather confused, though…]
>>
No. 631087 ID: 60700b

>[Hmm… seems like I got control of my king again… he seems rather confused, though…]
[@Purple: We had to throw a holy symbol at him, I guess if he keeps hold of a holy symbol, he should be fine]
>>
No. 631088 ID: 296917

>>631071
[@Purple: The holy symbol Nickolas tossed seems to have interrupted the daemon's control. The "King clad in gold" is one of the rebel daemons. It was almost like he was being corrupted, but more subtle. Hey, could you try to get the two aliens out of harms way? Hopefully without entering into a direct confrontation with Black.]

Oh, Nickolas, were you able to smell any corruption? I suspect not- this seems like a new method of control. Instruct the poor inquisitor captain or whoever that is to ward himself better against daemonic influence.
>>
No. 631090 ID: 9ddf68

Greaaaaaaaaaaaaat. Now we have to find those two dip shits and hide them all over again. I'm starting to feel like Dai might had been right earlier when he suggest we started charging for our alien daycare thing we seem to have going. Hopefully those two will just head back to Dai's dorm and lay low but incase they're or more accurately Lucius thinks he want to try something else and keep walking around in the fucking open We'll call purple and white and let them know to hide the idiots should they come across them.

[message to purple & white: FYI, Black and her goons are after Wanderer and Lucius so if you happen to run across them please try and get them out of the open and find somewhere safe where they can hide. Remember they can't leave the school grounds and call us if you need help.]
>>
No. 631150 ID: 6e79d4

[message black: Your captain was under daemonic influence. He should carry more holy symbols in the future. 'The king clad in gold' is apparently a leader of one of the daemon factions, but we've never seen a daemon take over someone's pawn before. Even shape-changers tend to leave more collateral damage than that.]

Hopefully Lucius and Wanderer will be able to make it to safety. As soon as we get the chance, we need to relocate them to Dai's house, they'll be safer there.
>>
No. 631153 ID: 296917

>>631150
Black is not the player you wanted to message.
>>
No. 631168 ID: 6e79d4

>>631150
Purple. message purple.
>>
No. 631219 ID: bfa142

>(Lucius Orbitrucido, Mercenary captain)
>Mercenary
Is that because he's pretending to be a mercenary or because he lied to us about being a soldier.
>>
No. 631252 ID: 75f585

Alright I'm staying for the biting.
>>
No. 631257 ID: 65a774
File 142747834332.png - (20.74KB , 900x450 , 57.png )
631257

>[@Purple: The holy symbol Nickolas tossed seems to have interrupted the daemon's control. The "King clad in gold" is one of the rebel daemons. It was almost like he was being corrupted, but more subtle.]
[Purple: Demon corruption!? That’s it! I will not tolerate any more demons on these grounds! I need to assemble my men and start hunting those creatures more relentlessly from now on. No demon will escape the cleansing fire!]
>[Guess if he keeps hold of a holy symbol, he should be fine]
[He already have a few on him… but none of them are actually touching his skin, though… hmm…]
>[message to purple & white: Hey, could you try to get the two aliens out of harms way? Hopefully without entering into a direct confrontation with Black? Remember they can't leave the school grounds and call us if you need help.]
[Purple: Do not worry, if they are here I will find them.]
[White: I’m in the dorm right now. I’ll message you if they come back here.]

>Oh, Nickolas, were you able to smell any corruption?
The hair on the back of my neck was standing on an end, but that might just have been from standing right between two bloodthirsty packs of soldiers.
>Hopefully those two will just head back to Dai's dorm and lay low.
Hopefully, yes…
>As soon as we get the chance, we need to relocate them to Dai's house, they'll be safer there.
Dai’s house? Are you sure? Hmm… of course, Black probably thinks they are hiding in the school so…
>Alright I'm staying for the biting.
Hey, stop nibbling on my arm!



:AtenaNUM: -was delicious. Thank you for inviting us to dinner, Cathal.
:CathalNUM: Don’t mention it, Captain.
:AtenaNUM: To bad Dai couldn’t share it with us… I do hope his dinner was as excellent as ours.
:CathalNUM: As someone who has sampled Lady Lucrais cooking in person, I can only say that he’s probably enjoyed his dinner for tonight…
:ArthurNUM: And that’s probably not the only thing he is enjoying, yes?
:AtenaNUM: …right…
:CathalNUM: Oh, yes, I’ve seen how snug of a fit that uniform she’s wearing is… and they did head for the old ball room, the one with the dance floor…
:AtenaNUM: Err… that just sounds kind of… um… off coming from his father.
:CathalNUM: Hey, can’t I be happy for my son?
:ArthurNUM: Ah, stop worrying about them, Atena, I’m sure there is enough Dai for all, yes? Now, let’s do some fun!
:CathalNUM: Fun?
:ArthurNUM: We got some drinks so let’s, how you say, play game of drinking, yes? Like “Never have I ever”?
:AtenaNUM: I rather not-
:ArthurNUM: Never have I ever slept with two girls at once… or for Atena, two boys at once…
:AtenaNUM: We’re not pl-
:ArthurNUM: Wait, I think I did it wrong? You’re supposed to say something you haven’t done, yes? Because I’ve done both of those…
:CathalNUM: Really?
:AtenaNUM: *Sigh* Can we at least try to keep our dignity for one night?
:CathalNUM: Oooh, you’re trying to hide something, aren’t you?
:AtenaNUM: What? No, I just d-
:ArthurNUM: Ah, come on, stop being such a, how you say, party pooper, yes?
:CathalNUM: It will be fun! Besides, I love to get to know my soon to be daughter in law a bit more!
:AtenaNUM: I- that’s- but- Just… no. That’s not a way you’re supposed to “get to know” your daughter in law. Besides, there are only three of us and “Never have I ever” require a bit more than that to be interesting!
:CeanaNUM: Oh, are you playing drinking games? Can I join? Um… using non-alcoholic drinks, of course…
:AtenaNUM: I… but… geez, I’ve heard that your boyfriend’s parents are supposed to be weird, but this is just ridicules!
:CeanaNUM: Huh? What do you mean, we’re weird?
:AtenaNUM: Err… well… it’s just… never mind…
:ArthurNUM: Then we will still pl-
:AtenaNUM: No.

[White: Hey, you kind of disappeared there for a moment. Either way, Lucius and the plant are back in the dorm… and it seems Lucius is rather grumpy that Wanderer pulled him away to talk with the empress daughter. So… err… what do you want to do with them?]
>>
No. 631258 ID: 296917

>>631257
[@Purple: Okay I keep telling you this, but you seem to forget: if you find an actual daemon you won't be able to kill it. You won't even be able to seriously WOUND it unless you have some ballistae or other siege weapons sitting around, and even then the best you could manage is a temporary death. Daemons respawn. We have the only means of permanently killing a daemon, so if you actually find one- and you should hope you don't- try to avoid getting killed and just call us for help instead of fighting it. You should be more concerned with their minions. Shapestealers, Wraiths, Corrupted, Death Knights... none of these are daemons, so you can actually kill them. You should also maybe try and figure out how the King Clad in Gold managed to get to your king, because I sure didn't see a giant black monster anywhere nearby when that happened.]

[@White: You could try looking for Red, or searching for more keystones. Just stay away from Black and Yellow and you'll be fine.]
>>
No. 631259 ID: 75f585

You get nomed, you get nomed, everybody gets nomed.
>>
No. 631268 ID: 6e79d4

[message White: wait, Wanderer pulled Lucius away? I thought Lucius was the one who left. Any idea why? And once the coast is clear, get them to Dai's house by the shortest possible route. The less time they're in the open or outside a dead zone the better.]

> geez, I’ve heard that your boyfriend’s parents are supposed to be weird, but this is just ridicules!
It must be a mantis / ex-barbarian thing. Or maybe it's purple, who knows. Are you sure you don't want to play? Getting out more will help you loosen up a bit. I'd hate to see you go back to musing to Wally about why you get up in the morning. Also there's no way you'll look bad sitting next to Arthur.
>>
No. 631310 ID: 65a774
File 142750497917.png - (19.84KB , 900x450 , 58.png )
631310

>[@Purple: Okay I keep telling you this, but you seem to forget: if you find an actual daemon you won't be able to kill it. You won't even be able to seriously WOUND it unless you have some ballistae or other siege weapons sitting around, and even then the best you could manage is a temporary death.]
[Purple: Then I simply need to bring out bigger swords. I will not sit idly by any longer. Whatever is happening here it needs to be dealt with and be contained!]
>[message White: wait, Wanderer pulled Lucius away? I thought Lucius was the one who left. Any idea why?]
[White: Err… well, I can ask? … … … … … … … …Seems like Wanderer wanted to… um… “mingle” and learn about people… and then she spotted someone that she though looked important. She says she’s very sorry.]
>[And once the coast is clear, get them to Dai's house by the shortest possible route. The less time they're in the open or outside a dead zone the better.]
[Right, I’ll see if we can sneak out the window between patrols…]
>[@White: You could try looking for Red, or searching for more keystones. Just stay away from Black and Yellow and you'll be fine.]
[Red? Where am I even supposed to start looking for… um… him? Her? Either way, I should probably focus on the plant and orange lizard first.]

>You get nomed, you get nomed, everybody gets nomed.
:CeanaNUM: (Nomed? As in… err… eaten? What are you talking about?)
:AtenaNUM: (I wi- I mean, stop that…)
>It must be a mantis / ex-barbarian thing. Or maybe it's purple, who knows.
:AtenaNUM: (Eccentric isn’t even starting to describe this…)
>Are you sure you don't want to play?
:AtenaNUM: (Of course I’m sure!)

>Getting out more will help you loosen up a bit. I'd hate to see you go back to musing to Wally about why you get up in the morning.
:AtenaNUM: … … …*sigh* Fine, I’ll play your stupid drinking game.
:ArthurNUM: Ah, fabol… fabul… err… how you say?
:CathalNUM: Fabulous?
:ArthurNUM: Fabulous! You will not regret it, yes?
>Also there's no way you'll look bad sitting next to Arthur.
:AtenaNUM: I guess…
:CeanaNUM: I’m pretty sure I can bet who will pass out first.
:CathalNUM: That’s not even hard, there’s only three of us here that will be drinking.
:ArthurNUM: Hey, I’m not that… um… frisky? Yes?

:CathalNUM: Of course not… now, the rules are as follows. If you’ve done whatever the-
:CeanaNUM: I think we know the rules already. Never have I ever… slept with someone the same gender as me.
:ArthurNUM: *GlugGlug*… Orgy, yes?
:CathalNUM: Err… I’m guessing a mantis harem doesn’t count? We don’t really… you know…
:AtenaNUM: … … …*Glug* …young and experimenting… Never have I ever… hmmm…

[Choose a character to follow]:
>[Stay with The Chariot, The High Priestess, The Star and The Hierophant.]
>[Follow with Strength and Issaru.]
>[Follow The Magician and The Tower.]
>[Follow Lucius the stupid.]
>>
No. 631311 ID: ea0ad9

>[Purple: Demon corruption!? That’s it! I will not tolerate any more demons on these grounds! I need to assemble my men and start hunting those creatures more relentlessly from now on. No demon will escape the cleansing fire!]
[Reply: Well, flat out killing them is going to be downright impossible, but if you manage to find a way to make him seriously regret his actions, let us in on it. That guy's on our hate-list. We'll be sure to send you a ring if we're the one's to find a way.]
>Hey, you kind of disappeared there for a moment.
[Reply: What? Dammit, I thought we simply swapped targets when our presence would have been inconvenient for the current active pawn. That happens frequently enough we don't question it. I mean, losing time is still somewhat common, but not frequent enough to not question!]
>once the coast is clear, get them to Dai's house by the shortest possible route.
I know for a fact it applied to the Serpens, but didn't those two need to stay in the school as well?

>I’ve heard that your boyfriend’s parents are supposed to be weird, but this is just ridicules!
Yeah... Cathal's a bit perverted, it seems. Probably from all the time he had to spend with his job. Ceana's not so bad, but she was a warrior. Drinking games like that were one of the best ways to wind down after a harsh mission, leaving it as an enjoyable past time for her.

Ceana, since you're here: The "Goddess of Fertility" isn't an exact title. Yes, she encompassed that, but more than just that. There's a reason the majority of her worshippers were, well, Barbarians.
Daithi may have got the, uh... The side of her teachings about partners, I guess you could call it, but he also got... Something else. After having fended off those cultists, he's kind of got it in him that he will need to fight somebody every so often, and not the spar sort of fight. Might be worth teaching him some of your tactics, if he hasn't already learned them, so that he can survive and keep in Her blessing.
>>
No. 631312 ID: ea0ad9

Oh. Late by a few minutes. Well, I'm leaving that post there anyways.
>[Follow Lucius the stupid.]
We can follow him? Sure!
>>
No. 631314 ID: 6e79d4

...What the hell happened to the painting?!? We're checking up on Dai before Lucius. [Follow The Magician and The Tower.]

>Never have I ever… hmmm…
We'd make suggestions, but we don't know you. Been on a boat? Burned something down? And nobody here's a shapechanger, right?
>>
No. 631316 ID: 296917

>>631310
>Follow the Magician and The Tower.

Hallucinations? Daithi's having issues, we'd better help.
>>
No. 631317 ID: 296917

>>631311
Daithi's house is within the hidden zone or whatever.
>>
No. 631324 ID: 6d4595

Well, with these hallucinations going on, I guess we should at least check in on Dai. Also, that painting had Dai shoved behind everyone else the last couple of times we saw it. Probably should have mentioned it back then, but I wasn't sure if it was important enough since it seemed a bit more subtle compared to some of the others. I should just point out if I notice any more, should I? And when we've made sure Dai's alright, there's some questions I really want to ask Lucius, both about things we've found out and about things we don't know.
>>
No. 631381 ID: 825af6

>>631311
>I know for a fact it applied to the Serpens, but didn't those two need to stay in the school as well?
Yes, for the most part. They need to stay within the sensor blind zone that the Academy is in, but the blind zone extends somewhat farther then the Academy walls; How far we don't know. If they don't stay in the blind zone then Zulin or her goons will immediately spot them and either teleport them right out of the world or drop a disintegration grenade on them or do something else equally fatal. Remember, her goal is to either remove or kill all the aliens that came down here so that the system shutdown safety interlock disengages and she can pull the plug on this world and snag its simulation core.

>>631317
But we don't know if Daithi's home is within the sensor blind zone. But we do know that if Wander and Lucius step outside the blind zone they're as good as dead. That's a risk I don't want to take.

[@White: Before you take Wanderer and Lucius anywhere, check with Lucius if he knows where the boundaries of the sensor blind zone you're in is. I don't know if we told you this earlier, but there are Serpens on high right now that're looking to teleport them out of this world to kill them and being in that blind zone is the only thing protecting them. Now, if Lucius does know then check that Dai's house is within the zone and if it is then you can head out. However, if Lucius doesn't know then find Nick. He'll know where the friendly Serpens are and you can get the exact shape and size of the blind zone from them, along with a better explanation of what's going on.]
>>
No. 631390 ID: 825af6

>>631381
[@White: Also, avoid cutting through the forest to get to Dai's house if at all possible. Something spooked a mess of cultists out of there earlier today; They called it a "great devourer." We don't know what it was or if it's still there, but presumably it's real nasty if it scared them all like that. And on top of that at least one of Yellow's pawns fled into the forest earlier. We don't know if they're still lurking around, but we hear that Yellow's pawns are crazy and dangerous.]
>>
No. 631428 ID: 65a774
File 142757279503.png - (24.42KB , 900x450 , 59.png )
631428

>[@White: Before you take Wanderer and Lucius anywhere, check with Lucius if he knows where the boundaries of the sensor blind zone you're in is.]
[White: Err… we already left… … …and he don’t know where the boundaries are, no…]
>[@White: Also, avoid cutting through the forest to get to Dai's house if at all possible. Something spooked a mess of cultists out of there earlier today.]
[You’re a bit late, we’re already in the forest… and it seems like we’re a bit… um… lost…]

>Cathal's a bit perverted, it seems. Probably from all the time he had to spend with his job. Ceana's not so bad, but she was a warrior. Drinking games like that were one of the best ways to wind down after a harsh mission, leaving it as an enjoyable past time for her.
:AtenaNUM: (Still, this is not something I expected… at all…)
>Ceana, since you're here: The "Goddess of Fertility" isn't an exact title. Daithi may have got the, uh... The side of her teachings about partners, I guess you could call it, but he also got... Something else.
:CeanaNUM: (Something else? Wait, that Goddess actually saved him!?)
>After having fended off those cultists, he's kind of got it in him that he will need to fight somebody every so often, and not the spar sort of fight. Might be worth teaching him some of your tactics, if he hasn't already learned them, so that he can survive and keep in Her blessing.
:CeanaNUM: (He must fight? …you mean he’s been cursed by… by some kind of demon or something!? That’s… that’s bad… I… I have to look into that.)
>Burned something down?
:AtenaNUM: Never have I ever lit something on fire for the sake of fun.
:ArthurNUM: Oh, something I don’t need to drink too!
:CathalNUM: Hey, that’s not fair! My job used to be to light things on fire! *Glug*
:CeanaNUM: …so was mine. *Glug*



>Hallucinations? Daithi's having issues, we'd better help.
:DaithiNUM: -amazing cook! It’s been ages since I’ve eating something this good.
:LucraisNUM: I gathered that you liked it, with how you gorged on it…
:DaithiNUM: Err… well, I guess I was a bit hungry… um… I’m still kind of peckish, in fact.
:LucraisNUM: After all that? Really? Well, good, because I’ve got a nice dessert planned for you…
:DaithiNUM: …didn’t we already eat dessert?
:LucraisNUM: Oh, but this is a special kind of dessert. Now, you’re room is this way, correct?
:DaithiNUM: Err… yes, but why- oh… Oh, that kind of dessert…
:GuardNUM: Wait until we got him completely surrounded…
:LucraisNUM: Indeed, that kind of… err… are you alright? You got a bit pale all the sudden.
:DaithiNUM: Um… I… It’s just… err…
:GuardNUM: Strike him swiftly. Do not let him live for more than a minute.
:LucraisNUM: … …if you think we’re going to fast we can just… um… snuggle if you want…
:DaithiNUM: N-no, err… I m-mean, It’s n-not… I…
:GuardNUM: Kill the girl too… she might be corrupted…
:LucraisNUM: …getting cold feet?
>>
No. 631429 ID: ae859c

Well the hallucinations are getting worse. I mean there's a sign pointing at your mom saying demon, telling you to eat your girlfriend, some guys are planning to take you out. Basically a normal day for us.
>>
No. 631432 ID: ae859c

Also I think the letters say "they're all meat" over there sooooo.
>>
No. 631433 ID: 6d4595

Lucrais, Dai's kind of hallucinating right now. He thinks there's some soldiers around getting ready to attack the two of you... There aren't really soldiers doing that, are there?
>>
No. 631435 ID: 9ddf68

uh, huh. I thought that since we found out about your other side this would have actually have stopped. Do like how one blood splattered line is not blood but pink telling you to hug Lucrais. Wonder if this is just your other mother checking in to see how you're doing. Just remember that none of this crazy bullshit is real and you're just seeing/hearing things. Might want to take your medicine though.

But anyways, hey Lucrais, can you take Dai with you somewhere a little quieter? I think the stress from all this crap that has happened the last few days is getting to him. Oh and Dai, white is currently lost in the woods with both wonderer and Lucius do you got a flare or something we can shoot up so they can find this place before one of them does something stupid or runs into something they'd rather not have?

[message to white: alright we're working on something to make it easier for you to find Dai's place, just keep checking in with either us or purple until you find where you're going or a recognizable landmark.]
>>
No. 631436 ID: 296917

>>631428
Yeah those are hallucinations. We already know your house is warded. You are safe, Daithi. Calm down. Well, actually, I wonder if it's our presence that's causing the hallucinations?

Tell her you don't want to start a committed relationship until you've at least given everyone a chance. You haven't had a real date with Arthur yet, so...

Also Cedric and the aliens are lost in the forest. You know, the forest where the Great Devourer was spooking the cultists? We need to go find them.
>>
No. 631444 ID: 6e79d4

[check status of pawns]
Stay with us Dai, they're hallucinations. Have you taken your medicine? Sorry Lu, We're experiencing
technical difficulties.
>>
No. 631468 ID: 65a774
File 142758179584.png - (21.17KB , 900x450 , 69.png )
631468

>[check status of pawns]
[“The Diligent one”: Depressed, Terrified, Hungry. “Strength”: Annoyed. “The Tower”: Worried. “The Chariot”: Tipsy. ”The High Priestess”: Happy. “Lucius the Magnificent”: Annoyed.]
>[message to white: alright we're working on something to make it easier for you to find Dai's place, just keep checking in with either us or purple until you find where you're going or a recognizable landmark.]
[White: Well, Lucius was able to jury rig a compass, so that’s something… I think it will be enough to find our way out of here, but any help will be appreciated.]

>Yeah those are hallucinations. We already know your house is warded. You are safe, Daithi. Calm down.
:DaithiNUM: (They are not real… n-not real… t-they are j-just figments of… of m-my… not… urgh…)
>I mean there's a sign pointing at your mom saying demon…
:DaithiNUM: (She’s not! She’s n-not a… no, I’m not… I… p-please…)
>Telling you to eat your girlfriend… Also I think the letters say "they're all meat" over there sooooo.
:DaithiNUM: (NO! I WILL NOT- I’M NOT HUNGRY! I CAN LAST! I WILL NOT TRY TO… to…no!)
>Do like how one blood splattered line is not blood but pink telling you to hug Lucrais.
:DaithiNUM:
:DilligentNUM: I’m trying my best here…
:DaithiNUM: …Lu?
:LucraisNUM: Hmm? Wha- HEY! … … …

>Lucrais, Dai's kind of hallucinating right now. He thinks there's some soldiers around getting ready to attack the two of you... There aren't really soldiers doing that, are there?
:LucraisNUM: (There are guards, but they seem to be patrolling.)
:GuardNUM: Good evening, Master Daithi, Lady Lucrais.
:LucraisNUM: ‘vening.
>white is currently lost in the woods with both wonderer and Lucius do you got a flare or something we can shoot up so they can find this place?
:LucraisNUM: Um… Guard? I believe someone has gone and lost themselves in the woods nearby… can you help them find this place with a flare or something?
:GuardNUM: I’ll see what I can do, my lady.
>Hey Lucrais, can you take Dai with you somewhere a little quieter? I think the stress from all this crap that has happened the last few days is getting to him.
:LucraisNUM: (That’s what I’m trying to do, geez…)
>Tell her you don't want to start a committed relationship until you've at least given everyone a chance. You haven't had a real date with Arthur yet, so...
:DaithiNUM: So… um… maybe another day?
:LucraisNUM: …Dai, cutie, I can’t say that kissing each other is the start of a committed relationship.
:DaithiNUM: Oh… err… I thought… um…
:LucraisNUM: Even if it involves us kissing certain parts of each other~
:DaithiNUM: Err-
:LucraisNUM: Besides, if you’re trying to decide whom to choose, isn’t it better if you got a bit of a… um… taste test first? Literally this time~
:DaithiNUM: Err… heh… um.. I-I-I-erg-
:LucraisNUM: Dai, you dork, just come with me to your room, lie down and let me help you relax…
:DaithiNUM: I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-
:LucraisNUM: …Did you just break down?
>>
No. 631472 ID: 7cb539

>Did you just break down?
no I think he's just giving the standard reaction to being hit on by a pretty lady.

>I’m trying my best here…
thanks diligent. any idea what's triggering these things anyways?

[message to white: We got the guards doing something that should help... also can you ask Lucius why we have him claimed as a pawn? I mean we might actually be able to switch to him and try and help once we make sure things are fine over here.]
>>
No. 631528 ID: d16a1b

Wait, is dai hungry?
>>
No. 631530 ID: 296917

>>631468
(Ugh that can't be right)
[check status of pawns, again]

Okay look, no sexual acts, okay? Cuddling and kissing is fine. We might be going over to help Lucius in a second... wait, we might not need to. What compass direction is this house from the forest?
[relay that direction to White]

If we don't need to switch to Lucius, we can go back to Nickolas.
>>
No. 631531 ID: 6d4595

>>631530
I still want to try to switch to Lucius at some point to ask him some stuff, there's a few things that I feel could be important that he's not telling us about. And one thing that's absolutely not important that I'm curious about. But Dai still seems to be kind of scared and there's still that thing of his that we may need to help with soon, so we might not want to switch quite yet. Well, unless he thinks he can handle it on his own for now and wants us to switch.
>>
No. 631563 ID: 65a774
File 142763712664.png - (19.20KB , 900x450 , 60.png )
631563

>[check status of pawns, again]
[“The Magician”: Depressed, Lustful. “Strength”: Annoyed. “The Tower”: Lustful. “The Chariot”: Getting drunk. ”The High Priestess”: Happy. “Lucius the Lost”: Annoyed.]
>[message to white: We got the guards doing something that should help... also can you ask Lucius why we have him claimed as a pawn?]
[White: We’ll keep an eye out for- wait, he’s a pawn? Really?]

>Thanks diligent. Any idea what's triggering these things anyways?
:DilligentNUM: Stress, hunger, strong emotions…
>Wait, is dai hungry?
:DaithiNUM: (No, I… I was but… I actually feel fine now.)
:DilligentNUM: Strong emotions, while not as filling as a person, is a good snack for those that are a bit peckish.

>No I think he's just giving the standard reaction to being hit on by a pretty lady.
:LucraisNUM: Indeed it is… and isn’t I the prettiest lady here?
:DaithiNUM: Err… I… um…
:LucraisNUM: You’re so cute when you’re a complete dork like that, Dai… I can’t wait to get my mandibles into you, cutie… hehe…
>Okay look, no sexual acts, okay? Cuddling and kissing is fine.
:LucraisNUM: What? But… geez, he’s an adult, can’t he d-
:DaithiNUM: They a-are right… um… w-we shouldn’t r-rush things, Lu…
:LucraisNUM: … …fine, but you’re still going to lie down and relax with me. I’ll give you a massage or something…
:DaithiNUM: Oh, that sounds lovly.
>What compass direction is this house from the forest?
:LucraisNUM: Err… let’s see… I think it’s… um…to the right of the school? That would be-

>I still want to try to switch to Lucius at some point to ask him some stuff.
:LuciusNUM: -but I might be a bit foolish, I’m not that stupid, geez!
:CedricNUM: Sometimes I wonder… hey, look, you were right. The fire did lead us straight to Dai’s mansion!
:LuciusNUM: See, no need to be so paranoid! And even if it was a trap-
:WandererNUM: This ooone is still coooncerned abooout thooose flooowers…
:CedricNUM: I don’t know how those roses got there, but we can safely ignore them now.
:LuciusNUM: …why do I get a feeling we should be paranoid about those instead?

[You’re now in control of Lucius the Foolish.]
[White: We found our way to Daithis place, so no need to worry.]
>>
No. 631564 ID: 6e79d4

hay

hay lucilicious

guess who

>…why do I get a feeling we should be paranoid about those instead?
They were left behind by the thief who is stealing the keystones. Where were the flowers, and did they form a trail?
>>
No. 631566 ID: d16a1b

:|
>>
No. 631567 ID: 60700b

We know that our pawns/kings gain skills faster than normal, but we don't know if it can affect pawns that aren't from the system. Wanna try it?
>>
No. 631576 ID: 65a774
File 142764518134.png - (19.14KB , 900x450 , 61.png )
631576

>:|
:LuciusNUM: Huh? What was that?
:CedricNUM: What was what?
:LuciusNUM: Err… it felt like I just disappointed someone…
:CedricNUM: …huh?
:GuardNUM: Sirs?
>hay
:LuciusNUM: Huh?
:GuardNUM: I need to check you with this holy symbol before you come in. It’s a new procedure ordered by the master of the house.
>hay lucilicious
:LuciusNUM: It’s Lucius… and who said that?
:GuardNUM: You are clean, master Cedric.
>guess who
:LuciusNUM: Wanderer?
:WandererNUM: This ooone is The ooone whooo wanders!
:GuardNUM: …Lizard that’s freaking out is clean…

>They were left behind by the thief who is stealing the keystones. Where were the flowers, and did they form a trail?
:LuciusNUM: Cedric? You were there or… err…
:CedricNUM: What are you talking about? …better yet, who are you talking too?
:GuardNUM: You are also clean. Good, welcome to the estate of Lady Ceana.
>We know that our pawns/kings gain skills faster than normal, but we don't know if it can affect pawns that aren't from the system. Wanna try it?
:LuciusNUM: Pawns? What- I- Who- err-
:CedricNUM: Are you alright?
:LuciusNUM: I’M NOT CRAZY!
:CedricNUM: …I didn’t-
:LuciusNUM: I’M NOT HEARING STRANGE VOICES IN MY HEAD! GAH!!
:GuardNUM: Err… maybe the lizard should stay outside for a moment?
>>
No. 631578 ID: d16a1b

Just get him inside and find a mirror.
>>
No. 631579 ID: dbe554

Oh for feth's sake, it's us Player Teal, we somehow claimed you and now we can communicate into your thoughts directly. I mean we Are strange, but now you know it's us, we usually talk to you through Dai and the like.
>>
No. 631580 ID: 6d4595

So, uh, hey Lucius, it's us, Teal. You know how a lot of stories set up some specific system of magic or something, then have something that seems to go against that system as a plot point? You seem to be that something, so congratulations I think. Anyway, we wanted to ask you a few things, but we don't really want to bombard you with too much right now, so we'll start with what could be important. Back when you were caught between those inquisitors and Ealasaid, we scanned you and it came up with a fairly interesting and regal-sounding name. What was up with that?
>>
No. 631581 ID: 6e79d4

> It’s Lucius… and who said that?
now you're luci-licious. And come on, no guesses? Fine. But seriously, tell us about those roses, they might be important.
>>
No. 631583 ID: 65a774
File 142764922443.png - (20.13KB , 900x450 , 62.png )
631583

>For feth's sake, it's us Player Teal, we somehow claimed you and now we can communicate into your thoughts directly.
:LuciusNUM: TEAL!? Wait, YOU CAN READ MY THOUGHTS!? (Don’t fantasize about Lu’s big bum, don’t fantasize about-)
>Now you're luci-licious. And come on, no guesses?
:LuciusNUM: I guessed it was Wanderer messing with me!
:WandererNUM: The ooone whooo wanders!
:LuciusNUM: Yes, yes, the one who wanders… and please don’t call me lickous or whatever it is. Can’t you call Lucius the… um…
:CedricNUM: Lucius the frustrated virgin?
:LuciusNUM: Oh, shut up.

>Anyway, we wanted to ask you a few things, but we don't really want to bombard you with too much right now, so we'll start with what could be important.
Err… sure? I guess? Wait, you can hear me right now, right? …and you can’t read my mind, right? Just what I’m… errr… thinking out loud, right? Right? Um… I hope you don’t… err… don’t fantasize about Atena’s huge butt, don’t fantasize about Atena’s-
>But seriously, tell us about those roses, they might be important.
Right, we saw some roses lying around… and petals… we… um… that’s about it, really. They were kind of placed all over the place at random intervals…
>Back when you were caught between those inquisitors and Ealasaid, we scanned you and it came up with a fairly interesting and regal-sounding name. What was up with that?
Scanned? You can scan me? I… um… don’t know? I did introduce myself with a phony regal name to someone we talked too before we found that pretty hiver lady…

>[Scan him].
[“Lucius the… umm…”: Confused.]
>>
No. 631584 ID: d16a1b

Congrats you are now Lucius the ummm
>>
No. 631588 ID: 6d4595

Hmm, looks like you're able to influence what shows up when you get scanned. That could be useful, though you might want to practice it. Other players are able to scan as well, and if it keeps flipping around between different names like it has been, it's going to look really suspicious. Try imagining yourself as a mercenary. Not any specific one or yourself as one, just a generic merc.
[Scan Lucius]
Anyway, are you willing to talk about what kind of equipment and cybernetics you have now? We've had more experience with that kind of high-tech stuff than most of the people in the world you're in right now, but since we're kind of locked away from the outside, we don't know much about what specific technologies you guys have reached.
>>
No. 631589 ID: 296917

>>631583
Those roses were the calling card of one of Yellow's pawns, who is likely The Great Devourer, powerful enough to spook an entire camp of cultists. Next time you see roses in a strange place... you are probably in grave danger. Count yourself lucky you didn't run into them.

You're definitely scanning as whatever you imagine yourself as. Try imagining yourself as, say, an unimportant soldier. Or Arthur.

Also yeah we can totally hear you trying not to think about Atena's and Lucrais's butts. I didn't know you were interested in Atena. I wonder if that would work out?
>>
No. 631590 ID: 6e79d4

>They were kind of placed all over the place at random intervals…
Come on, stop thinking about ass and remember, This is important. A thief left those behind and he might hit this house next, we have no idea where he is or what he's capable of.

> I did introduce myself with a phony regal name to someone we talked too before we found that pretty hiver lady…
Right, about that. I did have a few choice words lined up for you after you hit on the empress' daughter, the pawn of the most brutally ambitious player we've ever seen, who has a vested interest in killing you, but you bullshitted so well I'm going to use small words instead of mean ones. Stop dicking around. You are one touch away from being teleported right in front of a firing squad.
>>
No. 631598 ID: 65a774
File 142766169058.png - (19.40KB , 900x450 , 63.png )
631598

>Congrats you are now Lucius the ummm
I am the what?
>Come on, stop thinking about ass.
Oh sod, yo- I mean, I didn’t think- err…
>I didn't know you were interested in Atena. I wonder if that would work out?
Not at all, I would wager, as she seems to have her eyes on Daithi… and I think I saw her checking out that Arthur fellow but I’m not sure…

>Hmm, looks like you're able to influence what shows up when you get scanned. Try imagining yourself as a mercenary. Not any specific one or yourself as one, just a generic merc.
Err… right?
>[Scan Lucius]
[Neutral Creature(Friendly): Mercenary]
Did it work?

>Those roses were the calling card of one of Yellow's pawns, who is likely The Great Devourer, powerful enough to spook an entire camp of cultists. Next time you see roses in a strange place... you are probably in grave danger.
Oh, so that was… ah… I… um… I’ll keep an eye out for roses, right…
>Anyway, are you willing to talk about what kind of equipment and cybernetics you have now?
Um… well, I got this visor… um… it can see all kind of stuff and spectrums and… err… zoom function and… stuff? And I got my suit that’s supposed to be some kind of advance scout armor or something… um… I’m not actually trained to use it effectively but I know that it can camouflage itself as all kind of stuff… err… and then I got a V.E.R knife… I don’t know what exactly it stands for but it can cut through pretty much anything. That’s about it, really…

>Stop dicking around. You are one touch away from being teleported right in front of a firing squad.
Geez, sorry, I’m trying my best here… I’m kind of way over my head, you know! I’m just some computer engineer, not a soldier! …I didn’t even want to go on this stupid mission… *sigh* I miss my basement apartment…

:LuciusNUM: …hey, wait a min- where did everyone go!? Hello? … …why does everyone leave me behind all the time! *Sigh*…
>>
No. 631600 ID: 9ddf68

well you did kind of space out. also that name thing worked perfectly, so if you want we can help you out with that to make it harder for people to track you. Also you seem to be in your default armor look instead of whatever you're pretending to be. I also have a question, why can't you see us anymore? I mean back when we were the rope in a tug of war contest between being corrupted and purified you said you could see us, why can't you do so now?

Oh and if you want we can find some place quite and just talk. Us asking questions and you just venting. Looks like you could us it.
>>
No. 631608 ID: 296917

>>631598
It worked! Oh, you should probably not walk around without your hologram up. Not everyone here knows who you are, and you entered with a different appearance.

Try looking at the stuff around here with your visor's different modes. Also I suggest going to join Atena and Daithi's parents in the drinking game they're having.

I think we should check up on Nickolas next. He's been annoyed for a while.
>>
No. 631619 ID: 6e79d4

>I’m just some computer engineer, not a soldier! …I didn’t even want to go on this stupid mission… *sigh* I miss my basement apartment…
Well once you leave this place, you're the universes' only hope for peace. We won't be around to see it... and now that I think about it, if this place goes into the 'real world' and everything supernatural disappears, neither will any of our kings... but making that sacrifice might be our only choice. It's your job to make sure it's not all in vain.
>>
No. 631757 ID: ea0ad9

>Did it work?
Yeah, that's what you'll want to do any time you're near the Princess.
>V.E.R knife… I don’t know what exactly it stands for but it can cut through pretty much anything.
Vibrational Energy Reactant, maybe? Being able to slice through anything typically involves a special form of energy and fine vibrations, and only doing so when touching something would be a reaction, so, makes sense to me.
>I’m kind of way over my head, you know! I’m just some computer engineer, not a soldier!
...Isn't that exactly the occupation you want to have in this situation, though? This is a dedicated computer simulation, after all. Think about that, what part of a dedicated server would be hidden from the terminal access? Because the school's a part of that.
>>
No. 631763 ID: 65a774
File 142773537633.png - (21.10KB , 900x450 , 64.png )
631763

>Well you did kind of space out.
It’s still rude to just leave me here, geez!
>It worked! That's what you'll want to do any time you're near the Princess.
I think I’ll try that whenever I’m near anybody from now on.
>Oh, you should probably not walk around without your hologram up. Not everyone here knows who you are, and you entered with a different appearance.
Oh, right, the power in this is starting to run low. Don’t worry, it will have recharged in a few hours… it’s just; this thing wasn’t made to be used for more than a day. At least, this model wasn’t.
>Vibrational Energy Reactant, maybe? Being able to slice through anything typically involves a special form of energy and fine vibrations…
Hmm… I don’t know… I’m pretty sure it’s in that fancy science language. It does kind of vibrate when you activate it, though… the knife, that is.

>...Isn't that exactly the occupation you want to have in this situation, though? This is a dedicated computer simulation, after all.
Made by a species that has been dead for longer than we’ve existed… who had technology thousands of years more advance then us. Computer geek or not, it’s like for a medieval peasant trying to understand a FTL capable star cruiser.
>Try looking at the stuff around here with your visor's different modes.
I’ll guess I can try… I don’t know how seeing infrared will help right now bu- huh, that’s kind of neat… when I switched so I can see electromagnetically disturbances everything turned into numbers... no, wait, now it’s gone.
>Why can't you see us anymore?
I can still see you. I just didn’t have my visor in the right mod. You’re not really visible in the normal visual spectrum, after all.

>I suggest going to join Atena and Daithi's parents in the drinking game they're having.
…I guess getting drunk would be fun… where are they? I have no idea how this place is laid out or how big it is, really.
>Oh and if you want we can find some place quiet and just talk. Us asking questions and you just venting. Looks like you could us it.
…well, I guess that would be nice too… um… it’s just… so much has happened the last few days… the last week really… I… I just want to go home again, watch a movie… play some games… do some role-play… just… relax… I don’t really know what I’m even doing here anymore…
>Well once you leave this place, you're the universes' only hope for peace.
Oh, geez, thanks for not putting too much pressure on me… and I’m the universe only hope for peace? What can I do!? I’m just some nerd! Who would listen to me! *Sigh* The universe is fucked, isn’t it?

>I think we should check up on Nickolas next. He's been annoyed for a while.
:NickolasNUM: -you nuts!? What would happen if this moving blind thing you’re following would disappear!? Won’t you be smote just like you almost were last time?
:IssaruNUM: Don’t worry, I’m about twenty-five percent certain that it won’t go away! Besides, it will probably take them an hour or two to even notice us down here! …and even if they tried to kill-
:NickolasNUM: And why do you have a key to Lady Ceana’s mansion!
:IssaruNUM: -near instantaneously and painless… well, mostly painless… but still-
:LibbyNUM: Why wouldn’t I have a key to Daithi’s home?
:IssaruNUM: -while we wriggle in pain as we’re slowly consumed from within by- wait, what were we talking about again?
:LuciusNUM: …what?
:IssaruNUM: Ah, here’s the center of the moving dead zone! Splendid!
:LuciusNUM: Again, what?
>>
No. 631766 ID: d16a1b

What...............................................................wat.
>>
No. 631790 ID: 9ddf68

hey Nick, hey Libby, how's it going Issaru, so this place is now safe right? Pretty much all of our pawns are her right now along with some of purple's and white and cedric are here as well, and wanderer. So you guys come here because the school was to much of a hot bed with black being an ass or is there some other reason for this visit?

>Oh, geez, thanks for not putting too much pressure on me… and I’m the universe only hope for peace? What can I do!? I’m just some nerd! Who would listen to me! *Sigh* The universe is fucked, isn’t it?
Not really, You're not alone, Wanderer will be there and from what we know of his race they're incredibly peaceful unless pushed. You could probably get him and whoever he works with to do most of the work, all you'd have to do is try and get you're people to listen. Shouldn't be hard, what with you actually having a prolonged contact with them that would make you the best expert they have on his race and as long as you can get them to talk to each other rather then fighting things should just smooth out from there. I mean you said that your race and the Hivers are working together seeing how the humans are cheap fucks, so if your people decided try working with Wanderer and his elk the hivers are just going to have to naturally go along with it and then the humans will be outnumber 3 races to one so in the interest of not getting blown to kingdom come they'll hope on board as well. The Snake people race will probably have the easiest time getting in seeing how they really haven't pissed any of the races off and would probably be overjoyed to join if it meant trading ideas.
>>
No. 631796 ID: 296917

>>631763
Oh that's why Nickolas has been annoyed. He's had to listen to Issaru babble on constantly.

Okay, what dead zone are you guys talking about? It sounds like Lucius here is generating it, somehow. Also, hey, all our pawns and close allies are in the same building. It's officially a party. Well, hang on, where's Thyna? You know something occurs to me, if you Serpens can restore ears and regenerate lost tongues, can you restore other body parts? Like lost limbs or eyes or... butts? Or would that be too overt? People would start asking questions, I imagine. Why hasn't anyone asked why the deaf guy and mute girl suddenly weren't, anyway?

Hey, with all your tech stuff, is there any way to detect where the keystones are? We have one, if you need an example.
>>
No. 631849 ID: 296917

OH SHIT I almost forgot about the first contact thing and dubious promises of nonviolence. Well fuck so much for keeping Lucius away from them I guess. Nickolas, time to be an arbitrator again. At least it's not like they can kidnap him out from under the noses of all the guards here.

Lucius, say hello, try not to panic too much and for chrissakes don't run away. Those three hooded guys are Serpens in disguise. Scientists, not military. At worst they will want to do invasive tests on you.
>>
No. 631908 ID: ea0ad9

>Computer geek or not, it’s like for a medieval peasant trying to understand a FTL capable star cruiser.
Where there's a will, there's a way! You'll simply end up uplifting the Sakkilans.
>when I switched so I can see electromagnetically disturbances everything turned into numbers... no, wait, now it’s gone.
DON'T do that. That upsets the AI core, and it might be possible for the serpens to track you by that.
>You’re not really visible in the normal visual spectrum, after all.
Unless you happen to have a mirror,strangely. It's probably more along the lines of a stealth field--One that effects anything looking directly at our position, but not indirectly.
>Who would listen to me!
People tend to listen to those who ascend... Which is what Uplifting does to you. Learn the tech here and use it to influence things. Benevolently, that is. You go out maliciously and you'll face MORE opposition than if you went benevolently.
>Ah, here’s the center of the moving dead zone! Splendid!
...Wait, WE are the dead zone, or Lucius?
Oh by the way Nick, we're just keeping Lucius company. Turns out his whole believing "I'm just a pawn of the machine" spiel made him a pawn we could claim... Why he ended up claimed without our consent is still a mystery, maybe he believed us to be a superior due to our influence?

Seriously, Lucius, man, I bet you could render yourself not a pawn by believing yourself in control. Try believing yourself to be a player in this, not a cog, for a bit. [Check nearby pawns]
>>
No. 631919 ID: 296917

...Lucius please don't imagine yourself as a player, us being able to talk to you is an advantage you can't afford to lose.
>>
No. 631932 ID: eb959a

>It does kind of vibrate when you activate it, though… the knife, that is
What else would we assume vibrates? Wait...do you have a vibrating dick mod?

>Dead zone
Ok. So it seems one of our alien friends may be generating a dead zone field, that or White.
>>
No. 631979 ID: 65a774
File 142782285456.png - (22.62KB , 900x450 , 65.png )
631979

>Seriously, Lucius, man, I bet you could render yourself not a pawn by believing yourself in control. Try believing yourself to be a player in this, not a cog, for a bit.
:LuciusNUM: (What? You mean, I… um… no, I don’t… I can’t really… I’m not a cog… I’m nothing but… *sigh*… I’m just some pathetic fool that’s was in the wrong place…)
>[Check nearby pawns]
[“Lucius the Pathetic Fool”: Sad. “Strength”: Annoyed.]

>What else would we assume vibrates? Wait...do you have a vibrating dick mod?
:LuciusNUM: (…why would you even think to ask something like that!? I’m pretty sure no one sane would… and… that won’t even work! The hell, man?)
>Where there's a will, there's a way! You'll simply end up uplifting the Sakkilans.
:LuciusNUM: (Uplifting!? How? I can’t understand how any of this work, let alone able to teach someone else how it works!)
>DON'T do that. That upsets the AI core, and it might be possible for the serpens to track you by that.
:LuciusNUM: (Right, that would be bad…)
>You're not alone, Wanderer will be there and from what we know of his race they're incredibly peaceful unless pushed.
:LuciusNUM: (I just hope you’re right… I don’t want to be in this war anymore.)
>as long as you can get them to talk to each other rather than fighting things should just smooth out from there. I mean you said that your race and the Hivers are working together seeing how the humans are cheap fucks…
:LuciusNUM: (Err… we’re not really so much working together as… well, more of a mutual ceasefire. We don’t raid in their sectors, they don’t raid in our sectors… we don’t kill them, they don’t kill us… that kind of thing. But you’re right, maybe having three species against them will be enough to make the humans reconsider.)

>Hey, all our pawns and close allies are in the same building. It's officially a party.
:IssaruNUM: Oh, are there hats!? And cake!? I do hope everyone here is over the coupling age so we can make it a grand coupling! I haven’t been to one of those since… well, since I left my home planet!
:NickolasNUM: Grand what now?
:IssaruNUM: Oh, right, I forgot. You believe that subject is taboo, don’t you? Forget I said anything.
>Oh by the way Nick, we're just keeping Lucius company. Turns out his whole believing "I'm just a pawn of the machine" spiel made him a pawn we could claim...
:NickolasNUM: (So he’s a pawn now too? I do hope you can keep him on a leach, then.)
>Nick, hey Libby, how's it going Issaru, so this place is now safe right?
:IssaruNUM: Why, yes, it should be. Hmm… how’s it going? Why, my momentum is currently-
:UnknownKAK: Wrong going, boss…
:IssaruNUM: I mean, I feel fine, mostly… I really miss being able to swim around freely in a vast deep sea or just lying down in a pool full of cultivated algae… and not to mention all the coupling…
>So you guys come here because the school was too much of a hot bed with black being an ass or is there some other reason for this visit?
:NickolasNUM: Well, I did try to warn Issaru that both Black and Purple had s-
:IssaruNUM: We saw a dead zone that was moving and we simply needed to examine it! Think, this is just what we need to reach the gate of demons!
:NickolasNUM: He didn’t really listen to w-
:IssaruNUM: Why, with this moving zone removing ourself from this world will be a piece of cake, yeah! As simple as… as… um… coming up an appropriate metaphor!

>Lucius, say hello, try not to panic too much and for chrissakes don't run away. Those three hooded guys are Serpens in disguise.
:LuciusNUM: Err… you’re those s-scary killer snakes?
:IssaruNUM: Indeed, I belive so! And you must be a new species we’ve just found! Good, I’ve been looking forward to dissecting you! Do not worry, we will not waste time killing you first! …or using any kind of sedative… after all, if we can’t examine your pain receptors while we’re slowly cu-
>OH SHIT I almost forgot about the first contact thing and dubious promises of nonviolence. Well fuck so much for keeping Lucius away from them I guess. Nickolas, time to be an arbitrator again.
:NickolasNUM: No one is cutting anyone!
:IssaruNUM: It was just a joke…
:LuciusNUM: Of course it was…
>Scientists, not military. At worst they will want to do invasive tests on you.
:IssaruNUM: Indeed, we still want to do some tests, if you’re willing… just some samples and the like.
:LuciusNUM: I don’t know…

>Hey, with all your tech stuff, is there any way to detect where the keystones are? We have one, if you need an example.
:IssaruNUM: Why, I have no idea! It will be a jolly good time finding out, won’t it! Oh, I do hope we manage to make it implode! Those tests are the best ones!!
>Okay, what dead zone are you guys talking about? It sounds like Lucius here is generating it, somehow.
:IssaruNUM: It is originating from him, yes… too bad we can’t dissect him and find out if it’s biological…
:LuciusNUM: If I see you so much trying to pick up a knife near me, I will gut you!
>If you Serpens can restore ears and regenerate lost tongues, can you restore other body parts? Like lost limbs or eyes or... butts?
:IssaruNUM: Hmm, it should be possible, yes, but a bit more complicated. Hearing was easy, I just switched a Boolean and nothing more. The tounge was a bit more tricky, but nothing super advance… but limbs? Hmm… all those muscles…. And a abdomen? That’s going to be tricky. Way to many parts in one of those.
>Why hasn't anyone asked why the deaf guy and mute girl suddenly weren't, anyway?
:NickolasNUM: Because I’m still pretending that I can’t hear and Thyna doesn’t really talk a lot?

>At least it's not like they can kidnap him out from under the noses with all the guards here.
:GuardNUM: HALT! What are you doi- ALARM! WE GOT INTRUDERS!!!
:LuciusNUM: Err… wait…
:GuardNUM: Capture them and throw them into the cells with the other prisoners!!
>>
No. 631982 ID: dbe554

Coupling, aka sex.

Grand Coupling, which would be an orgy, apparently with more food though.

As it is though, is there a chance to talk them down?
>>
No. 631987 ID: 296917

>>631979
Nickolas how did you get in here without talking to the guards first? The only "intruder" should be Lucius, surely? Regardless just tell them you're friends of Daithi and he said it was okay to stop by. Also can't you just tell them who you are? You are somewhat of an authority figure.
[@White: Please tell Ceana that she has more guests. Nickolas, Thyna, and uh, some of Nickolas' associates. Security is giving us trouble.]

Lodgings may be difficult.
>>
No. 631990 ID: 9ddf68

[massage to purple: if Cathal isn't to drunk could you tell him to send his wife down towards her trophy hall where she keeps all her vases and swords she's collected throughout her life? Their guards think some of our pawns plus the aliens we're watching over are intruders and we kinda want to stop things from getting out of hand.]

[message to white: hey you find any of our pawns while you're here? Nick stopped by because the Serpens he was watching noticed something and it lead them here. Now the guards think they're intruders and if we could get this cleared up sooner rather then later I'd be pleased.]

So Nick, how likely is it that they'd but a story about you being a teacher from Dai's school who came by to ask why he's been stealing the school's church's wine and how he expects to pay for it. Your assistant is your assistant of course, Libby is school staff that know where Dai lived since you found out he wasn't on school grounds when you went to ask him about the wine, The serpens are just travelers who saw you we're going somewhere and decided to follow you to see the sights and wouldn't take no for an answer (just have them talk to Issura and they should understand), and Lucius is one of Dai's friends who you believe plays some table top games every now and again with Dai. You where asking if he's seen him around. Outside of course, he just followed you in. Also the where you came in at was unlocked. Just buying time until we can get someone over here to fix this.
>>
No. 631992 ID: 6e79d4

>… I’m just some pathetic fool that’s was in the wrong place…
I cannot for the life of me figure you out. If you don't respond to the call of a greater purpose, why did you join the military? If you're so useless, how did you end up as a sole survivor? Do the sakkil even believe in heroes, or do you believe all living things are just gears spinning on their predestined course? If you believe you're a cog, how can religion be illegal if all machines have an engineer? Okay that last one is hardly your fault but still.

>Oh, I do hope we manage to make it implode! Those tests are the best ones!!
non destructive testing only please, their cost can be measured in sentient life required to retrieve them.
> too bad we can’t dissect him and find out if it’s biological…
Lucius, you're pretty spec ops, do you have any jamming equipment on you?

>ALARM! WE GOT INTRUDERS!!!
Nick, explain that you're Arthur's mentor and that you need sanctuary, and to at least ask the lady of the house before throwing you in a cell.
>>
No. 632020 ID: 65a774
File 142784231235.png - (22.26KB , 900x450 , 66.png )
632020

>[massage to purple: if Cathal isn't too drunk could you tell him to send his wife down towards her trophy hall? Their guards think some of our are intruders.]
[Purple: On it.]

>I cannot for the life of me figure you out. If you don't respond to the call of a greater purpose, why did you join the military?
:LuciusNUM: (I was drafted. I didn’t have a choice. All Sakkilian that comes to age must serve at least one year in the army.)
>If you're so useless, how did you end up as a sole survivor?
:LuciusNUM: (Because I’m a freaking coward that panicked and ran at the first sign of danger! Shit, I even dropped my rifle and just… just left them a-all to die… I… um…)
>Do the sakkil even believe in heroes, or do you believe all living things are just gears spinning on their predestined course?
:LuciusNUM: (Just because we all have a place in the world doesn’t mean some cogs are more important than others.)
>If you believe you're a cog, how can religion be illegal if all machines have an engineer?
:LuciusNUM: (Err… what? I have no idea what you mean by that… um… and the grand machine is a philosophy, not a religion. We don’t worship a cog or anything.)
>Lucius, you're pretty spec ops, do you have any jamming equipment on you?
:LuciusNUM: (Spec ops? I’m just some newbie in an armor I don’t have training for! I don’t know, maybe this armor got some kind of jamming or something…)

>nondestructive testing only please, their cost can be measured in sentient life required to retrieve them.
:IssaruNUM: (Aw, you’re no fun…)
>Nickolas how did you get in here without talking to the guards first?
:NickolasNUM: (Libby got the key to the backdoor and no one was there at the time.)
>Nick, how likely is it that they'd but a story about you being a teacher from Dai's school?
:NickolasNUM: (Very unlikely, as they probably recognize me as a priest.)
:GuardNUM: Hey, I know you… you’re the priest from the school, no?
>Can't you just tell them who you are? You are somewhat of an authority figure.
:NickolasNUM: Indeed I am. I’m here to talk to master Daithi about… some missing bottles of wine.
:GuardNUM: …and the rest of these cl-
:NickolasNUM: You know, you should be ashamed! How dare you even consider throwing us into a cell without first consorting with the lady of the house!
:GuardNUM: Err… well, I-
:NickolasNUM: I will have to simply state my feelings to her personally about this performance of yours.
:GuardNUM: T-that won’t be necessary, sir. I meant no-
:CeanaNUM: Ah, my guest have arrived! I hope you took good care of them, captain.
:GuardNUM: Of c-course, madam. I- err… excuse me, I need to finish my patrol. Men, keep on moving.
:GuardNUM: Sir!
:CeanaNUM: … …you’re a few more than I expected, to be honest…

>Coupling, aka sex.
:NickolasNUM: Yes, we gathered that.
:LuciusNUM: It does sound rather intre-
:NickolasNUM: don’t encourage them.
>Lodgings may be difficult.
:CeanaNUM: Wait, you’re all sleeping here tonight?
:NickolasNUM: Um… well, I can go back to the school but it’s getting a bit late…
:CeanaNUM: It’s not a problem, I’m sure we can solve it… um… let’s see… if we move lady Baideal to the other guest room we’ll have a double bed and a normal bed left… not counting Dai’s bed, but I guess he’ll sleep in there himself. And we do have a sofa that’s nice to sleep on…
:IssaruNUM: Do you have any bathtubs, my lady?
:CeanaNUM: Um… well, not that you can sleep in, no… I guess we have the large pool in the basement but that’s not reall- wait, who are you guys again?
:IssaruNUM: I am Issaru, renewed scientist and explororer! And that pool sounds lovely! Take us to it at once!
:CeanaNUM: Err… okay?
:IssaruNUM: Oh, and Lucius, please come with us so we can do some tests, alright? …and Thyna, so I can look into that problem you have… and libby too, as we never finished out talk, did we! Now, do you have some bath salt too? Maybe so algae? Or some crystalline-
:CeanaNUM: Wait, stop, what is going on here?
>>
No. 632023 ID: 296917

>>632020
...well, I guess all our other pawns know. We may as well tell you too. Those three in brown cloaks as well as the Lizard in strange armor are visitors from another world. Other worlds, really. Oh, the armored "human" with Cedric is one too. They have... strange customs. Lucius less so. He's just sortof depressing.

They are our allies, and Black, an enemy player like us, is out to get them for some reason. So, try to keep their presence here on the down-low. Purple, one of our player allies, already knows about them. Or maybe Purple only knows about Lucius and One Who Wanders.

Sorry for imposing on you like this, Ceana. This was unplanned. We could continue our earlier conversation, but... perhaps not while Nickolas is here.
>>
No. 632064 ID: 6e79d4

>Because I’m a freaking coward that panicked and ran at the first sign of danger!
You didn't when you went into that dungeon with naught but a knife. If I recall correctly you were the first one in.
>the grand machine is a philosophy, not a religion.
It's a belief in an irrational or unseen force, the difference is splitting hairs.

Aliens. Long story short, it's best for everyone if they stay safe. The lizard in the strange armor is Lucius. Keep in mind that the term 'lizard' is pejorative in his culture so he prefers 'Sakkilian' and will get even whinier if you don't refer to him as such. He is in the military, but I'm struggling to understand if he's a Grunt or a POG or what. The excitable gentleman in the hood is Issaru, a Serpens scientist. His species has trouble with abstract concepts like creativity. We don't know if that's because of their caste systems' crippling overspecialization or if it's just a thing that they do. The mercenary Cedric brought with him is called an Uredo, who's a plant. He's a fast learner, but he doesn't register danger very well.
>>
No. 632250 ID: 9ddf68

>Wait, stop, what is going on here?
short answer, the guy in the funky armor and the three guys in hoods are legit gods who are trapped on this world for the time being and we're trying to help them while dealing with Dai's love life, personal problems, other players who are trying the damnest to dick us over, and deamons. I can give you the long answer if you want.
>>
No. 632267 ID: 65a774
File 142790129923.png - (21.74KB , 900x450 , 67.png )
632267

>You didn't when you went into that dungeon with naught but a knife. If I recall correctly you were the first one in.
:LuciusNUM: (That was before I really realized that things in here can actually kill me!)
>It's a belief in an irrational or unseen force, the difference is splitting hairs.
:LuciusNUM: (Err… I don’t believe in some unseen force! I just think people should work and share and stuff! That’s not some wacko religion!)

>Short answer, the guy in the funky armor and the three guys in hoods are legit gods who are trapped on this world for the time being.
:CeanaNUM: …wait, what!? God!?
:LuciusNUM: Why, yes, and we de-
:NickolasNUM: Don’t even think about it, Lucius.
:LuciusNUM: *Grumble*…
>It's best for everyone if they stay safe.
:CeanaNUM: Right… so, that’s why they need to hide in here?
>They are our allies, and Black, an enemy player like us, is out to get them for some reason. So, try to keep their presence here on the down-low.
:CeanaNUM: Huh uh…

>The lizard in the strange armor is Lucius.
:LuciusNUM: It’s a pleasure to meet you.
>He is in the military, but I'm struggling to understand if he's a Grunt or a POG or what.
:LuciusNUM: I’m a technician! You know, making sure the computers on the ship is running like they should!
>The excitable gentleman in the hood is Issaru, a Serpens scientist.
:IssaruNUM: You don’t happen to have a lab with a nice slab, do you?
:CeanaNUM: Err… no?
:IssaruNUM: Ah, what a shame…
>The mercenary Cedric brought with him is called an Uredo, who's a plant. He's a fast learner, but he doesn't register danger very well.
:CeanaNUM: A plant? As in… a spy?
:NickolasNUM: As in a bush that moves around.
>They have... strange customs.
:IssaruNUM: So, can we sleep in that pool of yours or not?
:CeanaNUM: Err… sure?
>Lucius less so. He's just sort of depressing.
:LuciusNUM: H-hey!?
:NickolasNUM: It’s true, though.

>We could continue our earlier conversation, but... perhaps not while Nickolas is here.
:CeanaNUM: (Huh? Why can’t Nickolas be with us?)
:NickolasNUM: So, where is Daithi anyway?
:CeanaNUM: He’s having dinner with Lucrais.
:NickolasNUM: Ah, then we better not disturb him…
>>
No. 632268 ID: 65a774
File 142790132535.jpg - (34.69KB , 250x240 , Daithis big fat cock.jpg )
632268

WARNING! NSFW content ahead! You’ve been warned!

:DaithiNUM: S-so… um… w-what do y-you think?
:LucraisNUM: It’s… it’s so big!
:DaithiNUM: …err… it i-is?
:LucraisNUM: It will be tight fit, but I think I can get it in without too much… err…
:DaithiNUM: H-hey, b-be careful with that! I-it’s sensitive…
>>
No. 632269 ID: 65a774
File 142790134343.jpg - (463.99KB , 1015x723 , Lucrais huge abdomen.jpg )
632269

:LucraisNUM: Don’t worry, I’m used to handle stuff like these.
:DaithiNUM: Y-you a-are!?
:LucraisNUM: Just lie back and relax, Dai…
:DaithiNUM: Err… I gu-
>>
No. 632270 ID: 65a774
File 142790135479.jpg - (40.08KB , 800x600 , Arthurs long polearm.jpg )
632270

:AtenaNUM: Knock, knock, I hope we don’t- oh, whoa… sorry if we walked right-
:ArthurNUM: Hey, careful with that! You’re handling that thing all wrong, Lu, you need to be more gentle then that!
:DaithiNUM: Err, don’t-
:LucraisNUM: I know how to make someone like- hey, let go! Give that back!
:ArthurNUM: Here, let me show you how you polish a polearm!
>>
No. 632271 ID: 65a774
File 142790136641.jpg - (124.89KB , 640x425 , Atenas large tracks of land_.jpg )
632271

:DaithiNUM: Be careful with that!
:LucraisNUM: Let go! You’re not rubbing the tip enough!
:AtenaNUM:
:ArthurNUM: You clearly have no experience with something as big as this.
>>
No. 632272 ID: 65a774
File 142790137694.jpg - (29.84KB , 500x334 , Wet pussy.jpg )
632272

:DaithiNUM: Wait, s-stop! Y-you’re g-going… ng…
:LucraisNUM: See? Look how nice it looks now!
:ArthurNUM: No thanks to you.
:AtenaNUM: …while that is a very nice WarStorm figure you two are playing with, I have to wonder why Lu is half naked.
:LucraisNUM: Hey! That’s none of your business.
:DaithiNUM: She… err… wanted me to give her a nice massage before she spotted my dragon rider… um…
>>
No. 632273 ID: 65a774
File 142790139357.png - (20.00KB , 900x450 , 68.png )
632273

:CeanaNUM: yeah, we definitely don’t want to disturb them right no- wait, where did everyone go?
:LuciusNUM: …now you know how I feel all the time…
>>
No. 632277 ID: d16a1b

Yeah just another day.
>>
No. 632278 ID: ea0ad9

>yeah, we definitely don’t want to disturb them right no-
Motherly instincts?

>(Huh? Why can’t Nickolas be with us?)
Well...
>…you mean he’s been cursed by… by some kind of demon or something!?
There's a neutral grounds, between "Demon" and "God." These are the ones with the power and will to save a life that's already a lost cause, but doing so results in placing a bit of themselves into the soul.
"Bob, the Jailer" and "Steve, the Light" are two such examples of those neutral immortals. Bob is often considered a traitor among demons, while Steve is considered a God.
>You knew she was a daemon, right?
>I’m pretty sure anyone who worship a demon, or even get close to one, becomes a fanatical, insane cultist.
The common term for them is "Day"mons. D-A-E, not D-E. You could, alternatively, call them Faeries, as another term for immortals that won't be confused for demons. Some of them, like Justice and the King Clad in Gold, are very much like demons, but others, like the Benevolent One and Steve are very much like gods, and do not mind being treated as such. The polarity present in this singular group can be misleading, but it's present for a reason: They walk the middle line, having traits both considered good and bad. Fertility, a capacity for life, a Mantis's longing for a harem; strife, a capacity for death, a soldier's lust for blood. That's a bit exagerated, of course, Daithi doesn't need to spill blood, but perhaps once a month, he will need to get into a serious fight to retain his Life given.
>>
No. 632283 ID: 296917

>>632273
Right so like we were saying, The Benevolent One is a daemon. She's also named appropriately, if what we've heard of her is true. We have met other "nice" daemons, Ceana. You were lucky you contacted one who listened to your prayers. It seems that her aid caused some side effects, though.

Might I ask what's in those pills Daithi is taking?
>>
No. 632317 ID: 6e79d4

>I just think people should work and share and stuff! That’s not some wacko religion!
Doing to others as you'd like others to do to you is a tenet of just about every religion.
>I’m a technician! You know, making sure the computers on the ship is running like they should!
Then who gave you a pulse rifle and sent you away from the computers? If you're a technician, you shouldn't have been in that ambush in the first place, and were probably right to run.

On the topic of religion, there aren't any gods here anymore in the technical sense. You probably already know how they died off. All the other beings of great power left are daemons. Because of her influence in saving his life, Dai is to a certain extent influenced by daemons. Before now it was the voices in his head, but now he's going through something like puberty. We thought you ought to know, but we also thought Dai should be the one to tell you, but he feels terrible about the whole thing, and plus with the inquisitors running around... He's mostly been doing alright for himself, but he might need some support.
>>
No. 632760 ID: 65a774
File 142808206495.png - (20.91KB , 900x450 , 70.png )
632760

>Motherly instincts?
:CeanaNUM: It’s called common sense. When a lady and a boy that likes each other at that age are alone, you better give them some room.
>Yeah just another day.
:LuciusNUM: I don’t know… people usually call me stuff before they start ignoring me.
:CeanaNUM: Err…
>Then who gave you a pulse rifle and sent you away from the computers?
:LuciusNUM: They needed someone who knew something about tech and I was the one who was the most expendable.
:CeanaNUM: Because you’re a new recruit?
:LuciusNUM: Because none of my superiors liked me and wouldn’t care if I was left for dead.
:CeanaNUM: I’m pretty sure that’s a sign of bad superiors.
>If you're a technician, you shouldn't have been in that ambush in the first place, and were probably right to run.
:LuciusNUM: Still, I’m probably going to be on latrine duty for the rest of my life… if we get out if this mess alive, that is.

>Might I ask what's in those pills Daithi is taking?
:CeanaNUM: I… err… don’t fully know, actually…
>Right so like we were saying, The Benevolent One is a daemon. She's also named appropriately, if what we've heard of her is true. We have met other "nice" daemons, Ceana.
:CeanaNUM: As far as I know, demons that act “nice” have far more sinister motives. It’s just that, an act.
>The common term for them is "Day"mons. D-A-E, not D-E. You could, alternatively, call them Faeries, as another term for immortals that won't be confused for demons.
:CeanaNUM: I’m pretty sure no matter what you call them they’ll still be the same being of evil and darkness.
>Some of them, like Justice and the King Clad in Gold, are very much like demons, but others, like the Benevolent One and Steve are very much like gods, and do not mind being treated as such.
:CeanaNUM: Wait, are you trying to say that enslaving and brainwashing people into believing you’re some kind of higher being is a good thing?
:LuciusNUM: Err… I’m pretty sure that’s not what they meant… at all…
>Because of her influence in saving his life, Dai is to a certain extent influenced by daemons. Before now it was the voices in his head, but now he's going through something like puberty.
:CeanaNUM: WHAT!? My little grasshopper is being possessed!?
:LuciusNUM: Um… please, calm do-
>Daithi doesn't need to spill blood, but perhaps once a month, he will need to get into a serious fight to retain his Life given.
:CeanaNUM: And that vile creature it holding his life ransom!?
:LuciusNUM: I think you’re misunderstanding th-
>We thought you ought to know, but we also thought Dai should be the one to tell you, but he feels terrible about the whole thing, and plus with the inquisitors running around... He's mostly been doing alright for himself, but he might need some support.
:CeanaNUM: Whatever demonic creature that hold sway over him needs to be slain! Or at least banished! I need to speak with his father… he can contact the Inquisition and deal with that demon!
:LuciusNUM: Err… are you sure you want too- I mean, he’s your son and-
:CeanaNUM: It’s for his own good!
:AtenaNUM: I’m pretty sure if you need to say that it’s not.
:CeanaNUM: Get out of my way, Atena.
:AtenaNUM: No. I might not know exactly what’s going on here, but you’re angry enough to do something you will regret. You need to calm down first.
:CeanaNUM:
>>
No. 632771 ID: 6e79d4

> As far as I know, demons that act “nice” have far more sinister motives. It’s just that, an act.
It's more like doing the right things for the wrong reasons.
> Wait, are you trying to say that enslaving and brainwashing people into believing you’re some kind of higher being is a good thing?
That's the cultists. Daemons are capable of keeping non-corrupted servants, we've seen it in the northlands. The revolution there is backed by daemons on both sides, but the rebels aren't corrupted, they're volunteers fighting the undead.
>My little grasshopper is being possessed!? And that vile creature it holding his life ransom!?
No, Dai is still Dai and he's in no danger. If he were possessed those tests he was given would have shown something and if he were in mortal danger he would tell you. Think, you prayed to save his life, and that's what happened. If you take away whatever The Benevolent one did now, he could die. It's a part of him that can't be removed.
>>
No. 632779 ID: 2eac65

>>632760
No, that is not what we're saying. You don't need to murder your son. That isn't going to help things.

Okay, let me rtry to put it another way. First, though, I should add that we are very certain that this information is accurate. We have a lot of experience dealing with daemons, it's important that you trust us. If we were less certain, I would say so; I'm not going to put any of your lives at risk by overstating our certainty.

1: Daemons are not pure evil. They are fully sentient beings, and can be as good or evil as those of any other race. While many of them are enemies of the world, and those daemons are very dangerous, many others have chosen to protect it and help its people; some of them are simply interested in mundane things, and others seem to honestly feel compassion for mortals. We've seen daemons fall in love with mortals, and even willingly sacrifice their lives to protect them. Many of the gods worshipped by certain cultures are actually the same type of being as daemons, but have chosen to protect people from the more malicious ones.

2: Daithi is still Daithi. He hasn't been replaced by an impostor, or possessed by an evil spirit, or lost his soul; your son is still the same person he's been all this time. However, he isn't the same as an ordinary mantis, when "The Benevolent One" answered your prayers to save his life, whatever she did gave him some of her traits; we're not entirely sure how it works, but it's not like a monster attached to him, it's just who he is and has been since back then. We didn't want to bring this up because Daithi wanted to tell you himself, but since you've just decided to kill him, you've forced our tentacle.

Are you getting all this? Large portions of our last messages seem to be missing. Did you just overlook them, or is something interfering?
>>
No. 632793 ID: 296917

>>632760
Ceana you're not listening to us at all. Calm down, control your temper. First off, Daithi isn't corrupted or possessed in any way, he's just born different. Second off, daemons aren't inherently evil! How can you claim to know the nature of daemons when you contacted one without knowing it?

Hey, look, a distraction. It's One Who Wanders, the Uredo/plant guy. Go talk to the alien, please, before you do something you regret.

>>632779
Let's not outright say Daithi has daemonic traits. Though I guess that's a bit late because Tokoshoran decided to lie about it while also making it sound like something's wrong with him. God damn it.
>>
No. 632804 ID: 65a774
File 142809723676.png - (20.88KB , 900x450 , 71.png )
632804

>Large portions of our last messages seem to be missing. Did you just overlook them, or is something interfering?
:LuciusNUM: (People tend to hear what they want to hear, buddy… and now you know how I feel when people ignore me!)
>You don't need to murder your son.
:CeanaNUM: WHAT!? H-H- WHY WOULD YOU EVEN SUGGEST THAT I WOULD DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT!? I want to help him!
:LuciusNUM: By bringing him to people that are famous for burning people connected to demons alive?
:CeanaNUM: I- err… that’s not- I- I didn’t-
:AtenaNUM: You thought they would help him, yes, we know.
>Ceana you're not listening to us at all. Calm down, control your temper.
:AtenaNUM: If you want to do what’s best for Daithi, you need to calm down and think for a moment.
:CeanaNUM: … …y-you’re right. I need to calm down and think… it’s just… knowing that some… something has hurt my little grasshopper makes me so… so…
:LuciusNUM: Deep breath, Ceana, deep breath.

>Daemons are not pure evil. They are fully sentient beings, and can be as good or evil as those of any other race.
:AtenaNUM: Anything intelligent is intelligent enough to choose, right?
:CeanaNUM:
>How can you claim to know the nature of daemons when you contacted one without knowing it?
:CeanaNUM: … …but… don’t they drive people mad?
>That's the cultists. Daemons are capable of keeping non-corrupted servants, we've seen it in the northlands.
:CeanaNUM: …a-are you sure?
>We have a lot of experience dealing with daemons, it's important that you trust us.
:AtenaNUM: I hope you’re right, Teal.
:CeanaNUM: …I guess I’ll trust you…
>We've seen daemons fall in love with mortals, and even willingly sacrifice their lives to protect them.
:AtenaNUM: Really? Huh… that’s interesting.

>Daithi is still Daithi. He hasn't been replaced by an impostor, or possessed by an evil spirit, or lost his soul; your son is still the same person he's been all this time.
:CeanaNUM: I… I know… but… there’s something else, isn’t there?
>If he were possessed those tests he was given would have shown something and if he were in mortal danger he would tell you.
:CeanaNUM: But… you said a demon saved his life, right? Then the tests are flawed or…?
>Think, you prayed to save his life, and that's what happened. If you take away whatever The Benevolent one did now, he could die. It's a part of him that can't be removed.
:CeanaNUM: …this part? What is it? What does it make him do?
:AtenaNUM: Err… well… umm… you see… he’s… err… kind off…

>Hey, look, a distraction. It's One Who Wanders, the Uredo/plant guy.
:AtenaNUM: Oh, Hello The One Who Wanders.
:CeanaNUM: Wait, that’s an actual walking plant?
:WandererNUM: Greeetings, friend Lucius, friend Atena and friend daithi’s brood parent.
:CeanaNUM: It’s Ceana, please.
:wandererNUM: …areee you preeeparing anotheeer brood?
:CeanaNUM: Err… yes?
:LuciusNUM: Ah, that’s why you’re so big! Sorry, I’ve never seen a mantis that’s expecting before.
:CeanaNUM: Can you please not call it brood…
:WandererNUM: This oneee is apolooogizing. …um… The Oneee Who Wandeeers has a strangeee requeeest… can this oneee feel br-… err… coming child?
:CeanaNUM: Um…
:LuciusNUM: He asked if-
:CeanaNUM: I know what he… err… she… err… wait…
:WandererNUM: This oneee is not geeender.
:LuciusNUM: He doesn’t have, you know, those organs… being a plant and all.
:CeanaNUM: Oh… this is just… um… weird.
:AtenaNUM: Welcome to the club.
>>
No. 632809 ID: 9ddf68

why did wonderer's eyes just change color... is he embarrassed?

Oh and you know how you feel that deamons do nothing but bad things, we know of something far worse this is going to do horrible things if we can't stop it. You know those three in the hoods that came in with Nick? They're aliens as well and the group leader is the boss that controls this world, I mean he's only reset it over a dozen times trying to get it to a point that doesn't end with half the world being enslaves, endless war that cripples everything to stagnation, are the world just slowly dying. However his right hand man and the leader of his security force wants to kill him while he's down here, blame it on a accident, take over as leader, then strip this world of life ending EVERYTHING so she can head home and get her 15 minutes of fame. And on that topic, Atena how goes the evacuation plan for the school should it become a battle ground? Also Maybe have one ready to go for the whole town incase this thing is bigger then we think it's going to be unless one already exist.
>>
No. 632833 ID: ea0ad9

>I… I know… but… there’s something else, isn’t there?
"Diligent."
>Then the tests are flawed or…?
The tests are for Corruption, not for Daemons. If a daemon is commiting acts of malice, they will leave behind Corruption.
Do note: The Deceiver here, who claims to be the same being as The Benevolent One there, is a liar, as her name suggests. While Benevolent is also known as Deceiver, she is worried that this hostile Daemon will take her place. ...At least, that's what I gathered from what Diligent was able to understand.

Diligent is the Soul of Daithi, by the way. A fragment Benevolent tore from herself and placed inside Daithi so he could live--not quite a Daemon, lacking any form of immortality whatsoever, but having the other powers. Daithi controls them; "Diligent" is only separate due to Daithi's up-til-now rejection of that part of himself.
>Oh… this is just… um… weird.
Wanderer is fine being called a he, so just handle it that way.
>>
No. 632853 ID: 296917

>>632804
Wait one second, why is he not wearing the armor? Also he's coming from the wrong direction. Also what's going on with his eyes? A Shapestealer maybe? His eyes are orange though not red, also I thought this place was warded... Is that how Uredo convey embarrassment? On the other hand, paranoia says it's Yellow's pawn.
[scan Uredo]
If that's really The One Who Wanders, well, there's no harm in it is there? I do wonder where his armor went and how he's coming from over there. Did he just wander the halls, true to his name, and loop around to the other side?

As for the "something else" and why the tests all come back negative... well... why don't you just think about it for a while. I want to find out what's in those pills... who would know, if not you? Would your husband know? I doubt they're poison or anything. My guess is a mild tranquilizer, considering his hallucinations seem to mainly be caused by nerves. That, or placebo. That'd work too.

>>632833
pls no. No telling her Daithi is part daemon. Not yet.
>>
No. 632883 ID: 6e79d4

> Anything intelligent is intelligent enough to choose, right?
Precisely. They're evil because they're powerful. They have the mentality of children with magnifying glasses over an anthill.
> But… you said a demon saved his life, right? Then the tests are flawed or…? There’s something else, isn’t there?
They detect corruption, but Dai isn't corrupt. He's something else.

>this is just… um… weird.
Weirder than usual. His speech is usually more consistently drawn out, we've never seen him use filler linguistics or his eyes change color, and he should be inside his new suit of armor... and are his prosthetics on a different side?
>>
No. 632886 ID: 296917

>>632883
The prosthetics are fine, it's just a mirrored sprite.
>>
No. 632894 ID: 825af6

Well, as long as you're okay with it I don't see any harm in allowing Wanderer to touch your abdomen, Ceana. Though, I wonder why he wants to. Maybe it's 'cause you're the first pregnant member of your species he's ever encountered? Heck, it's likely you're the first pregnant mantis any Uredo has seen. And he's a scholar, so his record of such an encounter being the first would be a big deal for him.

>>632853
>>632883
It's very, very unlikely that Wanderer here is an impostor. According to what Arthur told us of Shapestealers, they can't fake non-organic materials, which presumably includes Wanderer's cybernetics. (This also means they wouldn't be able to impersonate Lucius, which is good to know.) Also, as far as we know, Shapestealers can only take the shapes of the species they were before becoming a Shapestealer. So one that was a human can only impersonate humans, a mantis only mantises, and a lizard only lizards.

That said, we should still play it safe and check Wanderer on the far outside chance he's some kind of heretofore unknown new kind of Shapestealer. For that we just need him to come in contact with a holy symbol, right? And that hourglass on the pedestal is a holy symbol, yes? So politely ask him to pick it up and bring it to you when he approaches, Ceana.

Now, before you guys do anything more, I'd strongly suggest you take this meeting somewhere more private then the hallway. We don't want staff or guards wandering in and seeing Wanderer, now do we? Or worse, Lady Baideal. Ugh, I do not want to have to try and explain this to her.

Lucius, could you use your visor's x-ray mode to check that nobody is eavesdropping on us, then while en route keep scanning about to make sure nobody is going to walk into the hall and see Wanderer.

Ask Wanderer how careful he was to make sure that none of the manor guards or staff saw him after he took off the armor. The last thing we need right now is one of them running to the Inquisition with a tale of a green tentacle demon... Actually, Purple can cover that up for us if it did happen. Well, even so, we still don't want to risk the staff or guards seeing Wanderer out of disguise.

>>632809
I... Er... That... Ugh, I just don't have the energy to correct you. Guys, if you want to know what the bigger threat to the world then the the daemons is, just speak with Issaru and get the story from the source rather then from our often half-mangled memories.
>>
No. 633147 ID: 65a774
File 142834682486.png - (19.25KB , 900x450 , 72.png )
633147

>[scan Uredo]
[“Uredo” not in codex database!]

>Why did wonderer's eyes just change color... is he embarrassed?
:LuciusNUM: (Don’t ask us! We’ve no idea how his biology works.)
>Wait one second, why is he not wearing the armor?
:WandererNUM: Heeeavy and hard tooo moveee in.
>Also he's coming from the wrong direction.
:CeanaNUM: There’s more than one corridor in this place, you know.
>Shapestealers can only take the shapes of the species they were before becoming a Shapestealer.
:CeanaNUM: Actually, they can take the form of pretty much anything organic. It’s just that they don’t get the necessary skills with their new forms, so a human would have a lot of problems trying to walk around as a mantis.
>we should still play it safe and check Wanderer, so politely ask him to pick up the hourglass and bring it to you when he approaches, Ceana.
:WandererNUM: This oneee?
:CeanaNUM: Yes, that one. Thank you.
:WandererNUM: This oneee serveee.

>Now, before you guys do anything more, I'd strongly suggest you take this meeting somewhere more private then the hallway.
:CeanaNUM: We should have some privacy in here.
:LuciusNUM: Oh, cozy.
>Lucius, could you use your visor's x-ray mode to check that nobody is eavesdropping on us.
:LuciusNUM: It’s not exactly an x-ray but… I can try.
>Ask Wanderer how careful he was to make sure that none of the manor guards or staff saw him after he took off the armor.
:WandererNUM: Thereee was a feeew whooo saw this oneee. Theeey all smelleeed weird and wereee jolly.
:CeanaNUM: You mean they were drunk?
:WandererNUM: This oneee beliveees theeey wereee undeeer influenceee.

>Well, as long as you're okay with it I don't see any harm in allowing Wanderer to touch your abdomen, Ceana.
:WandererNUM: This oneee thank yooou.
:CeanaNUM: Yeah, sure… just don’t go to low.
>Though, I wonder why he wants to. Maybe it's 'cause you're the first pregnant member of your species he's ever encountered? He's a scholar, so his record of such an encounter being the first would be a big deal for him.
:CeanaNUM: Hmm… that does sound like something a scholar would do…
:LuciusNUM: Wait, if he’s a plant… maybe this the first time he’s ever met anything pregnant at all?
:WandererNUM: This oneee gooot animals on hooome wooorld.
:LuciusNUM: Ah… that’s a no, then.
>I want to find out what's in those pills... who would know, if not you? Would your husband know?
:CeanaNUM: Err… maybe? I guess I can ask him next time I see him.

>The tests are for Corruption, not for Daemons. If a daemon is committing acts of malice, they will leave behind Corruption.
:CeanaNUM: Right… if you say so.
> They're evil because they're powerful. They have the mentality of children with magnifying glasses over an anthill.
:CeanaNUM: I don’t think you’re making my opinion of them improve.
>Atena how goes the evacuation plan for the school should it become a battle ground?
:AtenaNUM: Err… that’s not really my job? But I do believe the head magister is considering something like that?

:IssaruNUM: Now… where do you capture test subjects fitting for our coming experiment?
:UnknownKAK: The pub?
:IssaruNUM: The what? Ah, yes, the local drinking hole! If we found someone drunk enough I’m sure they wouldn’t object to a few tests, will they? And we might not require wiping their minds afterwards either! Good, good…
>>
No. 633155 ID: f7c356

Sounds like someone is eager to run some testing on some poor sap in the pub. Welp, welcome to aperture.
>>
No. 633158 ID: 9ddf68

Van Gogh's starry night, you have good taste Ceana.

also from the sounds of it you might want to make sure you keep your husband away from those guys. Don't think they'd do anything permanent but still. Also make sure they don't leave the building because right now this place and the school are the only places where those trying to kill them can't find them.
>>
No. 633159 ID: 296917

>>633147
Ceana unless you want some drunk random strangers as guests you might want to tell Issaru not to bring his test subjects here.

Also uh, we've told you pretty much everything we know about daemons... but would you like to meet one? There's nothing quite like a personal encounter with a friendly daemon to change one's mind.
>>
No. 633160 ID: 296917

>>633158
iirc there are some pubs nearby which are inside the safe zone. They're smart enough not to expose themselves.
>>
No. 633247 ID: 6e79d4

Tell Issaru no. Everyone's already on edge because of the daemons, they'll attract attention to themselves and could lead the enemy right here.
>>
No. 633263 ID: 65a774
File 142843610353.png - (21.74KB , 900x450 , 73.png )
633263

>Van Gogh's starry night, you have good taste Ceana.
:CeanaNUM: Van what now?
>We've told you pretty much everything we know about daemons... but would you like to meet one?
:CeanaNUM: …wait, what!? You actually- but- I… you mean... I… err… you’re co-
:AtenaNUM: They are not corrupted no. That’s what we’ve been trying to tell you. They don’t corrupt everything they touch.
:CeanaNUM: But… are you sure it really is some kind of spawn of darkness!?

>Sounds like someone is eager to run some testing on some poor sap in the pub.
:AtenaNUM: Err… we better put a stop to that.
>From the sounds of it you might want to make sure you keep your husband away from those guys.
:CeanaNUM: From the sound of it I might want to keep everyone away from them!

>Tell Issaru no. Everyone's already on edge because of the daemons, they'll attract attention to themselves and could lead the enemy right here.
:CeanaNUM: Hey, whatever you’re thinking of doing, stop it!
:IssaruNUM: Huh? We’re just-
:AtenaNUM: No experimentation on people you don’t know.
:IssaruNUM: But on people I do know, then?
:AtenaNUM: Err… well, with their consent, I guess?
:IssaruNUM: Great! Then you and Lucius here will be perfect test subject for our coming tests!
:LuciusNUM: Err… wait, you’re going to test what?
:IssaruNUM: Hmm, and I do hope to run some test on this “One who wanders” too.
:LuciusNUM: What tests?
:IssaruNUM: But first we need to repair this lovely lady and see so that everything work correctly.
:LuciusNUM: But what kind of tests are we talking about? Blood tests?
:IssaruNUM: Then we can do some tests with the rest of you. I do wonder if your kind will be able to break down our differently built bio structures if ingested or inserted while- actually, I wonder if we can break down your differently bound protein chains effectivity… and will you be able to take care of our prolate spheroids if protein is exchanged?
:LuciusNUM: …err… what?
:IssaruNUM: So many questions, so little time. Now, let’s go! We need to head to our makeshift lab immidatly, my dear test subjects! No time to waste!
:LuciusNUM: Err… you still haven’t-
:IssaruNUM: NO TIME TO WASTE! LET’S GET THAT BUTT FIXED!
:UnknownKAK: Um… sure?
:AtenaNUM: …just let them go and do… whatever they are planning to do. I for one am going to keep my distance.
>>
No. 633264 ID: 9ddf68

I think he's trying to fix Nick's friend. I mean he did give her tongue back and Nick's hearing back but just to be on the safe side

[message to white: hey is Nick still with you? If so can you let him know that Issaru is with his friend if he doesn't know already]

> But… are you sure it really is some kind of spawn of darkness!?
Yes.
We're also friends with 2 or at least allies, 1 is up in the air, we're fighting one around here currently it seems, and up north in what I think is still some ways off by at least a few months we're currently involved in a war between the deamons we're friends with and the one's that we're enemies with. Currently we managed to get peace talks up and running between the two but I just know that someone is going to fuck it up, and I honestly don't think it's going to be the deamons. Oh and if you're wondering why, the deamons are pretty much immortal and tend to hold one hell of a fucking grudge so we're trying to get them to get over that and stop fighting each other as we got some good information that if they keep it up the world will be torn apart and if we boot them out completely then the players (people like us) will tear it up themselves trying to further their own goals. I mean we already found a way to end the famine problem that started the deamon war with a method that removes the "eating people" problem. Because if the enemy deamons win they basically tear the world apart, the barbarians rule while the deamons themselves enslave the civilizations that were in charge, If the friendly deamons win then they go back to there world, seal the gate, and then the players throw this world into never ending war trying to accomplish there own goals till no one is left standing, and in the off chance that we managed to get everyone to play nice the world just seem to rot with the deamon gate close so we're trying something else this time around. We've been busy.
>>
No. 633265 ID: 296917

>>633263
I think the "tests" may be sexual in nature. It sure sounds sexual. Insertions? Consuming biological fluids? (haha, knowing what we know from Will We Dream, it's DEFINITELY sexual)

You know, I was going to chide you for calling them spawns of darkness but I actually don't know how daemon reproduction works. Or if they even reproduce. One thing's for certain, daemons were brought into this world for a purpose, by the "gods". Since then they seem to have evolved past that purpose. As for the friendly daemon we have access to, yes, we're sure they're a daemon. We have met another like them in Serath, when we were fighting on a different front. That particular type of daemon was bound to a particular place, their true body kept alive by the emotional energy of non-sapient constructs, while they experienced life up in the mortal world by possessing the stillborn. I'm not exactly sure how the one around here works, as we have not found their body.

So, do you want to meet them? You will of course have to swear to secrecy. If you told anyone in the inquisition it would be... bad.
>>
No. 633288 ID: 6e79d4

> But… are you sure it really is some kind of spawn of darkness!?
Well technically- oh fine whatever yes. You'll see they're not all bad. Just weird, like the aliens.
>I for one am going to keep my distance.
Well someone is going to have to keep an eye on him. He has worse threat recognition than One who Wanders, and he had the excuse of wearing a helmet the first time.
>>
No. 633426 ID: 65a774
File 142851776995.png - (21.35KB , 900x450 , 74.png )
633426

>[message to white: hey is Nick still with you? If so can you let him know that Issaru is with his friend if he doesn't know already]
[White: No, sorry, he’s not here at the moment.]

>I think he's trying to fix Nick's friend. I mean he did give her tongue back and Nick's hearing back.
:AtenaNUM: That would explain the whole “butt fixing” thing…
>I think the "tests" may be sexual in nature. It sure sounds sexual. Insertions? Consuming biological fluids?
:LuciusNUM: Sexual?
:AtenaNUM: Then I’m definitely staying away from them!
:CeanaNUM: I’ll have to make sure they don’t try to take some poor servant or anything.
>Well someone is going to have to keep an eye on him. He has worse threat recognition than One who Wanders!
:WandererNUM: This oneee think this oneee shooould feeeel insulteeed?
:AtenaNUM: I don’t really want to babysit even more aliens tonight…
:LuciusNUM: Err… I’ll do it… I can keep an eye on them!
:CeanaNUM: …really?
:LuciusNUM: Y-yes, sure… I’ll make sure they don’t… err… do anything… um…
:AtenaNUM: Just don’t come crying to us when they start probing or whatever they have planned.
:LuciusNUM: …wait, you think they’ll really try and probe me!?
:AtenaNUM: I wouldn’t be surprised. Now, quick, before you lose sight of them!
:LuciusNUM: Wait, I might ha-
:AtenaNUM: Now!
:LuciusNUM: I’m going! I’m going!

>You know, I was going to chide you for calling them spawns of darkness but I actually don't know how daemon reproduction works.
:CeanaNUM: They have to have spawned from some dark pit somewhere…
>You'll see they're not all bad. Just weird, like the aliens.
:CeanaNUM: Right… because that’s so much better…
>One thing's for certain, daemons were brought into this world for a purpose, by the "gods".
:CeanaNUM: To be evil?
>So, do you want to meet them?
:CeanaNUM: …err… I don’t… I mean… I’m not sure about this… what if you’re corrupted and this is just some ploy to trick me into being eaten alive by one of those things?
:AtenaNUM: I’m pretty sure there would be simpler ways to trick you than this…
:CeanaNUM: Hmm… maybe?
>You will of course have to swear to secrecy. If you told anyone in the inquisition it would be... bad.
:CeanaNUM: … … …if you are corrupted or just… mislead, I will have to report this.

>We're also friends with 2 or at least allies, 1 is up in the air, we're fighting one around here currently it seems, and up north in what I think is still some ways-
:CeanaNUM: Wait, slow down a-
>-Currently we managed to get peace talks up and running between the two but I just know that someone is going to fuck it up, and I honestly-
:CeanaNUM: Peace talks? Between wh-
>-method that removes the "eating people" problem-
:CeanaNUM: Wait… EATING PEOPLE!?
>-they basically tear the world apart, the barbarians rule while the deamons themselves enslave the civilizations that-
:CeanaNUM: Tearing the world apart!? Enslaving civilizations!?
>We've been busy.
:CeanaNUM: Geez, I don’t eve-
:AtenaNUM: I’m pretty sure you misunderstood what they just said, ma’am.
:CeanaNUM: It’s just… this is too much!
:LibbyNUM: Oh, am I coming at a bad time?
>>
No. 633437 ID: 296917

>>633426
Yeah okay I think it's probably best for you to ask Libby about daemons. She's got a lot of knowledge about them and could probably explain things better than us. Or at least, explain things slower so you don't misunderstand.
>>
No. 633439 ID: 9ddf68

>Oh, am I coming at a bad time?
maybe, we seem to be shattering Ceana's world views a little. So what brings you around her then?
>>
No. 633447 ID: ea0ad9

>…if you are corrupted or just… mislead, I will have to report this.
If we're so much as mislead to the level that we are accidentally putting people in danger, then yes, it will need to be reported, but only if there is proof of stuff.
>Wait… EATING PEOPLE!?
Almost. Using powerful abilities requires "Consuming" entire cities, so we need to remove those powers from them. Those we are allies with do NOT use such powers.
Hush about Steve now.
>Tearing the world apart!? Enslaving civilizations!?
Do you see why we want to FIX things? Remove powers, convert threats into friends, etcetera? Killing them is killing the world, since the Gods tied their existence to the world itself, so we can't let that happen.

>Oh, am I coming at a bad time?
Libby has spoken with a few Daemons. Go on and ask her about it, check her for corruption, etc. Especially, ask her about Magus, and how he was friends with the Mortals despite Daemonhood.
>>
No. 633451 ID: 6e79d4

>This oneee think this oneee shooould feeeel insulteeed?
Well you were wearing a helmet when you faced down those daemon hunters, but you really should have learned your lesson after that and avoided the empress' daughter.
>To be evil?
Bingo. The perfect enemy. The gods tired of fighting each other and made daemons in some sort of alternate dimension so they could fight them instead. That's why daemons don't die, they just get sent back to their home dimension. Killing them 100% dead and gone forever damages the fabric of reality.
>what if you’re corrupted and this is just some ploy to trick me into being eaten alive by one of those things?
If we were corrupt, we'd still have no reason to kill you. We'd just withhold all this information and continue to do whatever the hell cultists do in their free time. This isn't the kind of stuff that a mother's intuition can find out.
>if you are corrupted or just… mislead, I will have to report this.
...I have no idea how you could report invisible teal squids to the inquisition, or how you could believe that we could make this up, but okay.

>>633447
(we should avoid mentioning city consumption altogether. )
>>
No. 633452 ID: ea0ad9

>>633451
(Good point. I move to strike that from my own statement.)
>>
No. 633587 ID: 65a774
File 142859920663.png - (21.71KB , 900x450 , 75.png )
633587

>If we were corrupt, we'd still have no reason to kill you. We'd just withhold all this information and continue to do whatever the hell cultists do in their free time.
:CeanaNUM: Err… I guess? Wait, what do cultists even do on their free time?
:AtenaNUM: Doing the will of their dark god, spreading corruption and organizing orgies?
>If we're so much as mislead to the level that we are accidentally putting people in danger, then yes, it will need to be reported, but only if there is proof of stuff.
:CeanaNUM: Right.
>...I have no idea how you could report invisible teal squids to the inquisition, or how you could believe that we could make this up, but okay.
:CeanaNUM: Well, isn’t the inquisition leader the same… um… thing as you? You know, an invisible squid voice? I’m pretty sure he would believe me.
:AtenaNUM: …I would want to say that stranger things has happened, but a swarm of corrupted, invisible squids is probably one of the more strange things that’s come to pass.

>The perfect enemy. The gods tired of fighting each other and made daemons in some sort of alternate dimension so they could fight them instead.
:CeanaNUM: Great, so the gods created inmantis monsters to ravage the world because they were bored!?
:AtenaNUM: Sounds like a normal night of Q&Q to me. Never let your player get bored for any length of time, or whatever fantasy world you’ve made up will burn... or melt… or be consumed by giant pizza elementals. You get the idea.
>Do you see why we want to FIX things? Remove powers, convert threats into friends, etcetera?
:CeanaNUM: Yeah, I already know demons are bad news, geez.
>Killing them is killing the world, since the Gods tied their existence to the world itself, so we can't let that happen.
:CeanaNUM: Right, don’t kill them… but can’t we banish them? Or imprison them? You know, kicking them out of the game?

>Yeah okay I think it's probably best for you to ask Libby about daemons. She's got a lot of knowledge about them and could probably explain things better than us.
:CeanaNUM: Huh? She does?
:LibbyNUM: Err… sure?
:CeanaNUM: Wait, how do you-
:LibbyNUM: I got some well-read friends?
>Especially, ask her about Magus, and how he was friends with the Mortals despite Daemonhood.
:CeanaNUM: Magus? Why would a demon ever be friends with mortals?
:LibbyNUM: Because demons are mostly a bore? And I don’t think Magus can really be compared to most demons. Dude is a mortal now, isn’t he?
:CeanaNUM: …wait, now? He was a demon but he’s a mortal now!?
:LibbyNUM: Kind off, yeah.
:CeanaNUM: …err… but, ho-
:LucraisNUM: For the last time, no.
:ArthurNUM: Aw, you’re no fun.
:LibbyNUM: I’m still trying to figure out exactly how he did it so I can do the same but…
:CeanaNUM: Hello, Lady Lucrais, Sir Ar- wait, did you say “do the sa-
:AtenaNUM: You know, it’s getting awfully crowded in here…
:ArthurNUM: Well, we have nowhere to go now that Daithi is busy in the little boys room.
:LucraisNUM: Said he was feeling a bit ill… pff, He probably just chicken out from his “duties”.
:AtenaNUM: Considering what he has eaten today, I wouldn’t be surprised if he felt a bit ill.
:ArthurNUM: Things like this often happens when you start eating a new diet.
:LucraisNUM: …wait, what’s that su-
:CeanaNUM: Everyone, be quiet! Libby, what did you say about this Magus!?
:LibbyNUM: That he loves food and became mortal for it?
:CeanaNUM: No, after that.
:LibbyNUM: …I don’t know how he did it?
:CeanaNUM: Right after that.
:LibbyNUM: Err… I don’t think I said anything after that…
:CeanaNUM: …are you sure?
:LibbyNUM: Pretty?
>>
No. 633589 ID: f7c356

Okay so now what.
>>
No. 633601 ID: f7c356

I am going to smack you all in the face, why? Just because.
>>
No. 633602 ID: 9ddf68

[check pawn's status]

Ceana, quick question, back in your adventuring days what would you normally fight against? Did you ever actually fight anything deamon related so you have this knee jerk reaction when people bring them up or what were some of the more common things you fought?
>>
No. 633617 ID: 6e79d4

>Great, so the gods created inmantis monsters to ravage the world because they were bored!?
There's no heroes without strife, and that Q&Q analogy is really quite apt.
>You know, it’s getting awfully crowded in here…
You'd think everyone would conglomerate in a room with more chairs.
>>
No. 633621 ID: 296917

>>633587
Oh hey Lucrais. We were just talking about daemons. Do you have any questions? Comments? We want to make sure everyone's on the same page here so that if we have to talk to any more daemons we'll know how everyone will react.

psst Libby, we know he became mortal after his daemon body was hacked up. It's possible that if you can tie yourself to that mantis body strongly enough, your daemon body can be killed without killing "you". His mortal body almost died in the process, however. You would need medical attention if you tried it. Also, um, he saw it coming. His future-sight, or memories of previous timelines or however it works, ended on the day he was to become mortal or die. Also uh, I kindof want to use you as an example of how daemons aren't all evil, so that we can eventually reveal Daithi's true nature to more of our pawns without them freaking out. Are you okay with that?
>>
No. 633663 ID: ea0ad9

>…are you sure?
(Ah, right, Lucrais is in the dark)

Lucrais, do you mind taking a look for the guys Nick brought in from the church for us? They wandered off and Lucius went chasing after them. Kind of worried those lot might do something stupid.
>>
No. 633696 ID: 296917

Hey how did the drinking game go, anyway? How drunk are you three?
>>
No. 633746 ID: 65a774
File 142870135836.png - (21.68KB , 900x450 , 76.png )
633746

>[check pawn's status]
[“The Magician”: Dumping. “Strength”: Annoyed. “The Tower”: Bored. “The Chariot”: Tipsy. ”The High Priestess”: Concerned. “Mercenary”: Intrigued.]

>psst Libby, we know he became mortal after his daemon body was hacked up. It's possible that if you can tie yourself to that mantis body strongly enough, your daemon body can be killed without killing "you".
:LibbyNUM: (…so you mean he “died” and his mortal body was too stupid to notice?)
>I kind of want to use you as an example of how daemons aren't all evil, so that we can eventually reveal Daithi's true nature to more of our pawns without them freaking out. Are you okay with that?
:LibbyNUM: (Err… sure? I’m not really that good but… if you want to?)

>Ceana, quick question, back in your adventuring days what would you normally fight against?
:CeanaNUM: Um… I wasn’t really an adventurer but we mostly fought with the barbarians from the untamed lands. I was a general under the third Mo’rka invasion, you know. Of course, there was a bunch of cultist out there too, so I’ve experience fighting demons spawns of all kinds.
>There's no heroes without strife, and that Q&Q analogy is really quite apt.
:CeanaNUM: But heroes are supposed to save people, not creating the problem from the start!
>You'd think everyone would conglomerate in a room with more chairs.
:LucraisNUM: Yeah, why are we standing in the middle of the corridor?
:ArthurNUM: Um… because that window is nice to look at, yes?
>Oh hey Lucrais. We were just talking about daemons. Do you have any questions? Comments?
:LucraisNUM: Um… I don’t know… what’s there to know about them really? They are all just soul eating monsters anyway.
>Hey how did the drinking game go, anyway? How drunk are you three?
:CeanaNUM: I don’t currently drink alcohol, thanks to my condition.
:AtenaNUM: I’m just tipsy.
:ArthurNUM: I need, how you say, more juice in the system before the fun starts, yes?

>Lucrais, do you mind taking a look for the guys Nick brought in from the church for us? They wandered off and Lucius went chasing after them.
:LucraisNUM: Um… sure?
:ArthurNUM: I’ll be with you, yes?
:AtenaNUM: I’ll come too… don’t really have anything better to do.
>Kind of worried those lot might do something stupid.
:LucraisNUM: If they are anything like Lucius, then you’re already too late, friend.
>I am going to smack you all in the face, why? Just because.
:LucraisNUM: OW! What the hell!?
:AtenaNUM: That was uncalled for!
:CeanaNUM: …um… so, Libby, I was wondering i-
>>
No. 633747 ID: 65a774
File 142870138342.png - (22.67KB , 900x450 , 77.png )
633747

[Message from Yellow: The very gods has spoken and they demand justice! This world is dying because of you, monster! Only your death can brings salvation!]
[Yellow has declared war on you!]
>>
No. 633748 ID: 65a774
File 142870140477.png - (25.39KB , 900x450 , 666.png )
633748

[Yellow: The nightmares will consume your pathetic weakling for a king!]
>>