[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 599262)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 41599 unique user posts. View catalog

File 141417154049.png - (64.33KB , 900x450 , 1.png )
599262 No. 599262 ID: 65a774

Old threads and Wiki: http://tgchan.org/wiki/Rust
Discussion: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/56976.html

“Mercy for the weak.”
Expand all images
>>
No. 599263 ID: 65a774
File 141417155169.png - (20.89KB , 900x450 , 2.png )
599263

:BradfordUNB: *Yawn* Good morning…
:VladUNB: Oh, Hi Brad! Hi Anna!
:AlexUNB: *Grumble*…
:VladUNB: Don’t mind Alexandra. She’s a bit… grumpy before her morning coffee.
:AlexUNB: *Grumble* Don’t make me hurt you… *Grumble*…
:AnnaUNB: Hey, I’ve seen Vlad in a fight. He’ll probably hurt you a lot more then you hurt him.
:AlexUNB: …didn’t your mother ever teach you that you don’t hit girl?
:AnnaUNB: Err… but you’re not actually a gi-
:BradfordUNB: You don’t hit people, period. …Unless they are into that sort of thing… in that case, I don’t judge. Now, Anna, let’s leave the new couple alone with their roma-
:VladUNB: New couple!? We’re not a couple!
:AlexUNB:
:BradfordUNB: Of course you aren’t…

Insert Just another morning_
>>
No. 599267 ID: d64d29

Hey, I think we know that mantis in the mask. Anyway we're back! What happened to talking to Steve and Annas' battle? Looks like Vlad recovered faster than predicted, so that's good.

>New couple!? We’re not a couple!
Whaaat, we'll just have to try harder then.

...Seriously, does that guy in the helmet EVER move?
>>
No. 599271 ID: 9ddf68

sup folks, how long were we gone this time?

we finished up all our work in the deserts and things have become one hell of a cluster fuck with our third group we're helping but other then that we're doing fine.
>>
No. 599272 ID: dbe554

Oh right we were dealing with demons again weren't we, I mean after meeting a hybrid son of a daemon and mantid and aliens from beyond the world and gods..

Hoo boy tiny squid brains are addled.
>>
No. 599273 ID: 2fd516

Wow, that was a quick eight weeks.

>>599263
[check status of pawns]
[Scan everyone present]
Yet. You aren't a couple yet.

So we're back. How's Jal?
>>
No. 599275 ID: 4f004c

>>599262
OH GOD DILIGENT WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?!
>*Yawn* Good morning…
Oh, good morning, Ghost king. We were just dealing with out Daemon king. Beats the hell out of an undead king... And no I'm not talking about you, ghosts are true dead, not undead. Or you're revived, or something, in which case you're alive, not undead.
Say, was that Troll head always there?
>Hey, I think we know that mantis in the mask.
We know the organization, not that individual. All members of the group wear those masks, and a lot of them are working in this area right now.
>...Seriously, does that guy in the helmet EVER move?
He's about three inches to the right of where we last saw him, so yeah, he moves.
>I mean after meeting a hybrid son of a daemon and mantid and aliens from beyond the world and gods..
What are you talking about? He's the hybrid son of a Daemon and TWO manids. Gettin' it on with a threesome, rawr~
But seriously Mantids partake in foursomes all the time, a threesome isn't such a surprise; however, a Daemon getting jiggy with her was unexpected. Especially since that Daemon happens to be female, too. I don't even know what, man. But the guests were totally understandable, and not surprising to me whatsoever.
>Wow, that was a quick eight weeks.
Three months most certainly is more than eight weeks, yeah.

Oh, by the way, we totally got 100% corrupted some time ago. We also got 100% purified. Fun times, but what do you expect when you hang out with Gods and Daemons?
Speaking of Daemons, new rule: Don't kill them. Beat them up if they deserve it, but let them live and learn from their mistakes. They are literally a part of the world, killing them is killing the world.
>>
No. 599278 ID: 2fd516

>>599275
Three months?
>Suddenly there was a eight week hiatus
>>
No. 599358 ID: 4f004c

>>599278
In-game, it was three months. Or six, I can never remember.
>>
No. 599360 ID: 65a774
File 141425732859.png - (20.39KB , 900x450 , 3.png )
599360

>[check status of pawns]
[“The Savage” Status: Tired. “The hunter” Status: In pain, depressed. “The priest” Status: Half asleep. “The Alchemist” Status: Depressed, Sick. “Sister of Wisdom” Status: Thinking. “Sister of Power” Status: Sleeping, Happy. “The Valkyrie” Status: Depressed, Scared.]
>[Scan everyone present]
[Neutral Creature (Neutral): Larvate Brotherhood Mercenary.]
[Neutral Creature (Neutral): Civilian.]
[Neutral Creature (Friendly): Order Guard.] x 2
[Neutral Creature (Friendly): Barkeep.]

>Wow, that was a quick eight weeks.
:BradfordUNB: Eight weeks? You were here yesterday?
>Say, was that Troll head always there?
:VladUNB: What troll head? You mean the yeti? Yeah, it’s always been there. Why do you ask?
>...Seriously, does that guy in the helmet EVER move?
:AlexUNB: Going by how his feet has actually sunk into the wooden floor, I would say no.
:VladUNB: I think I remember coming here as a kid and seeing him at the bar…

>Looks like Vlad recovered faster than predicted, so that's good.
:VladUNB: Well, of course! I’m a fig- ow… I think I got a bit too exited there…
:AlexUNB: Your doctor said you should be bedridden. Your lung is still far from healed.
:VladUNB: Hey! I’m fine! Really… ow… as long as I take it easy…
:AlexUNB: *Sigh*…
>How's Jal?
:AlexUNB: He got a nasty cold and is a bit down… but at least he stays in bed as recommended!
:VladUNB: I’m not staying in bed all day when so much is happening!
>What happened to talking to Steve and Annas' battle?
:BradfordUNB: Steve was… “unavailable” yesterday, so we haven’t been able to talk about it… and Anna’s duel was postponed until… well, it starts in an hour or two.
:VladUNB: Don’t worry, Anna, you’ll kick his ass!
:AnnaUNB: …yeah… I’ll… heh… um…
>Whaaat, we'll just have to try harder then.
:AlexUNB: Can you please stay out of my love life!?
:BradfordUNB: So you actually consider it a love l-
:AlexUNB: You too, Beardo!

> Oh right we were dealing with demons again weren't we, I mean after meeting a hybrid son of a daemon and mantid and aliens from beyond the world and gods…
:AlexUNB: I… what?
>What are you talking about? He's the hybrid son of a Daemon and TWO mantids. Gettin' it on with a threesome, rawr~
:AlexUNB: …okay… I wish I didn’t hear that, whatever it was about…
>Speaking of Daemons, new rule: Don't kill them. Beat them up if they deserve it, but let them live and learn from their mistakes. They are literally a part of the world, killing them is killing the world.
:VladUNB: Wait, we shouldn’t kill them?
:AlexUNB: Yeah, because leaving genocidal monsters run loose is such a good idea… sure…
:AnnaUNB: Hey, Steve isn’t so bad and he’s a demon, right?
:AlexUNB: He just act nice so he can bed Dooriya and steal her soul or something.
:BradfordUNB: I’m pretty sure he’s more interested in stealing her hand in marriage then her soul.
:AlexUNB: Tomato, Tomato…

Insert Well, for some people it might feel like so-

:VladUNB: Wait, what do you mean by saying tomato twice?
:AlexUNB: It’s a joke that tomato can be pronounced in two different ways yet mean the same thing… but as this story take place in a media format that don’t have any sound and only text the whole thing is lost to the readers out there.
:VladUNB: Ah…
:AnnaUNB: Guys! Stop it! He said he’d fire us if we continued breaking the fourth wall like that!
:AlexUNB: Ha! Like he would fire lead lady of the show!

Insert …ignore that last bit, please…_
>>
No. 599361 ID: d64d29

>Can you please stay out of my love life!?
Excuse you, we're butting in on Vlad's love life.
Also we can read minds, so this kind of thing is inevitable.
>Steve was… “unavailable” yesterday, so we haven’t been able to talk about it… and Anna’s duel was postponed until… well, it starts in an hour or two.
Dammit Steve, what the hell does 'unavailable' mean?? He wouldn't even talk to Dooriya? The last time I checked, that harvester head constituted some kind of emergency.
>…yeah… I’ll… heh… um…
Okay, what's wrong. Do you not want to fight him, or are you not confident in your abilities, or what? You're going to have to face your past sooner or later.

> It’s a joke that tomato can be pronounced in two different ways yet mean the same thing… but as this story take place in a media format that don’t have any sound and only text the whole thing is lost to the readers out there.
psst, you're supposed to say 'tomahto' like you're transcribing an offensive accent.
>>
No. 599363 ID: 2fd516

It's supposed to be "tomayto, tomahto" or something like that, when using that joke via text.

>>599360
We could go talk to Steve now, but I'd like for everyone involved to be present and Drina is asleep. We'll probably wind up doing it after the duel. Oh, that reminds me. How did the arm reattachment go?

Vlad, go to bed. I know you're trying to impress Alexandra but you're endangering yourself. Rest until it's time to talk to Steve. Or until after that, if you don't want to come. I'm sure you have some reading material to pass the time with. Wink wink.

Hey, I wonder if that meeting with Pink is set up yet.
[@Grey: Are we going to meet Pink today? It's less important now since we've experienced their past fully at this point, but it would still be very useful to keep in contact with her. Oh, and... as far as Bob is concerned... "He only wishes to help those he cares for." Be wary.]
[@Green: We found Truth. It was a daemon, created to tell the future. So much for untainted knowledge. I think we still gained some useful information. For instance, it essentially told us we should trust you, because if we don't, we'll lose. We also found out that Daemons normally can't die, ever. We happen to have a weapon that can kill them, given by the only true God to exist right now. Truth made us kill it after answering our questions... though it's more like we deleted it. In case you're wondering, we have that weapon in all time periods. We could kill Steve and Bob if it were necessary. On the other hand Truth also told us that killing the daemons is a bad idea. Like, it would lead to the end of the world bad idea.]
>>
No. 599376 ID: 9ddf68

>I… what?
our third king happens to be half deamon. Long story short he's a mantis and was the runt of the litter, was a very sickly child and almost died, his mother sick with worry prayed to every god she could think of for his survival. One of these was a deamon who apparently answered the prayer. The kid lived and grew up with a normal life, then we showed up and with our ability to boast the powers of all those we take under our wing basically super charged his deamon powers causing them to actually manifest. We left him freaking the fuck out trying to figure out what the hell he should do (because he had no idea about his deamon heritage until the powers started kicking in) and just as his daemonic mother showed up. We were kicked over to here shortly after... and let me tell you coming face to face with a true deamon face to face in it's true form makes you feel small.

Oh and on a side note next time we come across steve we're going to have to ask him if there's a way for a deamon to feed without devouring souls. Our third king was only a day away from starving to death and he was unwilling to eat a soul and we were very iffy about it as well.

>…yeah… I’ll… heh… um…
kid, you took part in, and survived a raid last night, you've been trained by Brad himself and have a good grip on the basics of wind walking. YOU. WILL. BE. FINE. We believe in you kid, so don't worry so much. Plus we'll be there by your side.

>“Sister of Power” Status: Sleeping, Happy.
wait I can't remember, isn't the "sister of power" the one who doesn't trust Steve? So either Steve is actually talking to her in her dreams and have some success or that date she said she was having after the battle went well.
>>
No. 599377 ID: 2fd516

>>599376
If Steve were in her dreams, it would display as "blessed dreams". It's annoying that we weren't here last night to check on Dooriya. Oh well.
>>
No. 599427 ID: 65a774
File 141434483621.png - (20.55KB , 900x450 , 4.png )
599427

>[@Grey: Are we going to meet Pink today? It's less important now since we've experienced their past fully at this point, but it would still be very useful to keep in contact with her. Oh, and... as far as Bob is concerned... "He only wishes to help those he cares for." Be wary.]
[Grey: Pink will be available in the next few hours if you want to meet her. I do believe your pawn “Sister of Wisdom” is nearby if you want to talk to Pink now.]
>[@Green: We found Truth. It was a daemon, created to tell the future. So much for untainted knowledge. I think we still gained some useful information. For instance, it essentially told us we should trust you, because if we don't, we'll lose.]
[Green: Information is information in the end, isn’t it? And trust me? Really? That would make thing simpler in the end if you did…]
>[We happen to have a weapon that can kill them, given by the only true God to exist right now. On the other hand Truth also told us that killing the daemons is a bad idea. Like, it would lead to the end of the world bad idea.]
[Of course a demon would say it was a bad idea to kill demons, no?]

>Excuse you, we're butting in on Vlad's love life.
:AlexUNB: As I’m the one you’re trying to pair him with it so it is my love life too.
:BradfordUNB: Yours and Vlad’s love life?
:AlexUNB: Yeah, our love life… wait, I didn’t- dammit, Brad.
:BradfordUNB: *Snicker*
>Dammit Steve, what the hell does 'unavailable' mean?? He wouldn't even talk to Dooriya?
:BradfordUNB: Unavailable as in not even here. At least, that was what we were told.
>The last time I checked, that harvester head constituted some kind of emergency.
:VladUNB: Um… that should be a reason why he was gone…
>Oh, that reminds me. How did the arm reattachment go?
:AlexUNB: It’s… well, her arm is in the right socket again but she won’t use it again for a few weeks. Oh, and she should be bedridden too, but she just had to go on that date, didn’t she?

>Vlad, go to bed. I know you're trying to impress Alexandra but you're endangering yourself. Rest until it's time to talk to Steve.
:VladUNB: But-
:AlexUNB: I’ll be more impressed if you actually behaved like an adult and did what the doctor told you.
:VladUNB: …well, then consider me bedridden, then…
>I'm sure you have some reading material to pass the time with. Wink wink.
:VladUNB: Err… I-I have n-no idea what y-you’re talking a-about… heh… um…
>We could go talk to Steve now, but I'd like for everyone involved to be present and Drina is asleep.
:BradfordUNB: Hmm… having everyone there would be preferable…
>Okay, what's wrong. Do you not want to fight him, or are you not confident in your abilities, or what?
:AnnaUNB: IT’S A FREAKING DUEL TO THE DEATH! I don’t want to die, alright!? But… he’s a freaking soldier and I… I’m just some run away kid…
>Kid, you took part in, and survived a raid last night, you've been trained by Brad himself and have a good grip on the basics of wind walking. YOU. WILL. BE. FINE.
:AnnaUNB: I… I… I hope you’re right…
:BradfordUNB: They are right. You will win.
:AnnaUNB:

:AlexUNB: Well, as suitable dramatic that was, I need to go take a look at Jal before he does something stupid again…
:VladUNB: Right… I’ll be in my bed… err… trying to sleep…
:AlexUNB: “Sleep”… right…
:BradfordUNB: Anna, we need to warm up before your duel. Are you ready?
:AnnaUNB: …as I’ll ever be, I guess…

[Choose your destiny!]
[The priest / The Alchemist: Consequences from bad decisions.]
[Sister of Wisdom: Meeting old friends.]
[Sister of Power: Waking up in a stranger’s bed.]
[The hunter: He really wants to be alone but let’s disturb him anyway! YAY!]
[The Savage / The Valkyrie: Preparations for the coming DEATH!! DUH DUH DUH!!!]

Insert Choosing the wrong path will lock the secret UFO ending forever, so be beware!_
>>
No. 599430 ID: 2fd516

>>599427
Whoa, it's Temrock!
[scan Temrock]

I choose Sister of Wisdom. We've been denied our meetup for far too long.
>>
No. 599431 ID: 4f004c

>[Green: Information is information in the end, isn’t it? And trust me? Really? That would make thing simpler in the end if you did…]
Guys, I've been thinking on what Truth told us; it's not a black and white statement, despite how it sounds. Trust Green, and we will be betrayed. Don't trust him, and we'll die. Tell him everything, and he will betray us, because that information is frightening to somebody who hadn't gone through it themselves. Don't trust him at all and we'll lose, as we don't get his backup. Trust him, but don't give him the information, and we'll get through.
[Reply: "Information is information?" Have you encountered a Daemon and gotten out without fighting, and without being fully corrupted, or do you just trust us when we say they aren't as malevolent as they're made out to be?]
>[Of course a demon would say it was a bad idea to kill demons, no?]
[Reply: Of everything that Truth said, this was, oddly, the statement I found most truthful. Perhaps you're right, and we've been deceived, but when we showed mercy to Daemons, they reformed. Glutton was already fairly reformed, of course, but Justice? He apologized for everything he did, and asked that we only eliminate the corrupting minions, as he said that while he corrupts them, they corrupted him right back.
...Of course, while we intend to show mercy, if they're not accepting it, we'll still eliminate them, as well.]
>>
No. 599432 ID: d64d29

> IT’S A FREAKING DUEL TO THE DEATH! I don’t want to die, alright!? But… he’s a freaking soldier and I… I’m just some run away kid…
Well then don't give any quarter. He's counting on you not being able to go through with it, so you'll have to be ready.

Now, let's catch up with Pink, then sister of power.
>>
No. 599433 ID: 9ddf68

>>599427
>[Choose your destiny!]

>[The priest / The Alchemist: Consequences from bad decisions.]
might be useful to try and help Jal defeat his inner demons

>[Sister of Wisdom: Meeting old friends.]
I really want to see how they're holding up, and we might also be able to get some allies to help us out. Plus pink could have some useful advice for some of the problems we're dealing with.

>[Sister of Power: Waking up in a stranger’s bed.]
Oh god the teasing we could do, plus we might be able to see the kid again... what the kid was cute as hell and is the first and only child we have ever seen in our very long lives, in truth I forgot kids were even a thing

>[The hunter: He really wants to be alone but let’s disturb him anyway! YAY!]
Pffff hahahahahah... but seriously we should let the guy rest

>[The Savage / The Valkyrie: Preparations for the coming DEATH!! DUH DUH DUH!!!]
As long as Anna keeps her calm and actually lessons to Brad's instructions she'll be fine, I have faith. You hear that Anna because I don't want to repeat myself.

I'm going to have to go with meeting Pink. I trust the others will be fine without us looking over there shoulder and we can also talk to them later if they want us to. That and pink might have some information that could help us and maybe spot something we've missed with the information we have. Also it will be nice to say hi again... Hope the prince isn't mad at us for getting himself killed. we kind of were forced to leave before we was revived so we don't know if he was bitter or not, that and leaving without saying goodbye might also have him a bit crossed with us. Or maybe I'm just reading to much into things that aren't even there

>Insert Choosing the wrong path will lock the secret UFO ending forever, so be beware!_
oh now you're just fucking with us.
>>
No. 599434 ID: 4f004c

>Insert Choosing the wrong path will lock the secret UFO ending forever, so be beware!_
Chances are, the UFO shows up for Vlad, but I'd say it's more worth meeting up with an old ally than unlocking a UFO cutscene.
>>
No. 599443 ID: c16997

Lets go meet up with pink.
>>
No. 599451 ID: dbe554

Alchemist, we don't want him to attempt what he had done before.
>>
No. 599454 ID: 01745f

Lets go with Sister of Wisdom

>Insert Choosing the wrong path will lock the secret UFO ending forever, so be beware!_
We have more UFOs on the planet than you can shake a space-stick at. None of those aliens teleported here after all.
>>
No. 599526 ID: 65a774
File 141442538451.png - (19.02KB , 900x450 , 5.png )
599526

>[scan Temrock]
[“The Heir of savagery” belongs to player Pink!]

>[Reply: "Information is information?" Have you encountered a Daemon and gotten out without fighting, and without being fully corrupted, or do you just trust us when we say they aren't as malevolent as they're made out to be?]
[Green: I meant that even if he’s lying it is a rather informative statement he made. He said they can’t die… yet, he was afraid that they would…]
>[When we showed mercy to Daemons, they reformed.]
[There’s also the possibility they just duped you because they were at a disadvantage.]
>[...Of course, while we intend to show mercy, if they're not accepting it, we'll still eliminate them, as well.]
[Good, don’t grow too soft…]

>Whoa, it's Temrock!
:TemrockRUST: -I have to say, you’ve really pulled your weight and made this place rather cozy, ya big lunk.
:StenUNB: Well, some of us actually work for a living, little brother. Most people don’t run off with the first girl they find to another country!
:TemrockRUST: Well, you know what I think of the cold, big brother…
:StenUNB: I still can’t understand how you can live in that constant heat…
>Well then don't give any quarter. He's counting on you not being able to go through with it, so you'll have to be ready.
:AnnaUNB: I’m pretty sure he’ll expect me to fall over on my sword from inexperience…
:BradfordUNB: And that’s why we got the element of surprise!
>As long as Anna keeps her calm and actually listen to Brad's instructions she'll be fine, I have faith.
:AlexUNB: We all have faith in you, Anna.
:VladUNB: Yeah! Kick that old man’s ass!
:AnnaUNB: …thanks guys…



>I choose Sister of Wisdom. We've been denied our meetup for far too long.
:DooriyaUNB: What do you mean, he’s still not here!?
:AndrzejUNB: I’m sorry, Ma’am, but he’s terrible busy thanks to… err… your “findings” yesterday.
:DooriyaUNB: …As soon as he becomes available come speak to me, alright!?
:AndrzejUNB: I’ll send someone for you then.
:ElizahRUST: -stop being grumpy. His training won’t end sooner if you go around being moody all day, you know…
:ElirazRUSTED: I know, I know…

>oh now you're just fucking with us.
Insert You just missed the super-secret “The dog was the mastermind” ending! To freaking bad!_
>>
No. 599527 ID: 2fd516

>>599526
Aaaaa get the princess's attention please!
[@Rose: Hey! Keeping your distance from the paladins, eh? That is a good idea. Tell us what you know about the situation here and we'll fill you in on what we know. Oh, and please tell us if you have any news about what happened in the Amun Empire three months ago. Or was it six months?]
[scan Eliraz]
>>
No. 599530 ID: 9ddf68

[ding]

hey Dooriya, glad to see you're ok. Take it you're a bit steamed at Steve right now. Well if you do find him and we're not with you can you tell him we'd like to talk to him. We have another king that found out he's half deamon and we're trying to see what else deamons can eat other then souls so they don't starve.

anyways since Steve isn't here do you think you could gain an audience with queen Elizah or prince Eliraz. We know them from our first king and would like to make sure they're ok, also I'd like to say sorry to Eliraz for about something that happened during the battle at the capital back in his home.
>>
No. 599531 ID: 3f0c1b

[scan everyone]
Oh man, it's been so long since we last met those guys, and even longer for them! Get their attention somehow, oh, tell them Teal says hi that should get their attention. I wish there was a big mirror around here somewhere, I guess whatever you got on you will do for now.

[enter beard formation?]
>>
No. 599536 ID: 4f004c

>[“The Heir of savagery” belongs to player Pink!]
...Hm. I suppose she would still have to be with him to contact her, though.
>please tell us if you have any news about what happened in the Amun Empire three months ago. Or was it six months?
It was six. It took three months for them to learn Serath became a desert, so the six-month gap was between then and now.
>Elizah, Eliraz, Temrock
We should have definitely encountered Pink by now.
[Message Pink: Hello? I certainly hope we've found the pawn you're in control of by now, Rose. We've been through a lot, though compared to the nine months you've witnessed, it must have been much less. How is everybody? I'm guessing after our last attempt to scan him that Eliraz is still owned by "Player Teal (Past)" by our view, while we probably scan as "Player Teal (Future)" or something.]
>>
No. 599540 ID: 65a774
File 141443466626.png - (19.08KB , 900x450 , 6.png )
599540

>[scan Eliraz]
[“The Thief” is currently claimed by Player Teal (past)… this pawn is currently is suspension and will be reclaimable at a later date.]
>[scan everyone]
[Neutral Creature (Neutral): City Guard.]
[Neutral Creature (Friendly): Order Guard.]
[Neutral Creature (Friendly): Serath Praetorian Guard.] x 2
[Neutral Creature (Friendly): Serath Crown Prince.]
[“The Diplomat” is currently claimed by Pink!]
[“The Knight of Spades” belongs to player gray.]

>[@Rose: Hey! Keeping your distance from the paladins, eh? That is a good idea. Tell us what you know about the situation here and we'll fill you in on what we know.]
[Rose: Wait, TEAL!? You’re here!? We haven’t heard from you in ages! How are you? How are things going over here? Oh, we… um… we still lack a lot of information about the situation right here but I’m sure the order got things under control… we’re here about the big meeting that’s being discussed, you know…]
>[Oh, and please tell us if you have any news about what happened in the Amun Empire three months ago. Or was it six months?]
[Amun? I haven’t heard any real details but… um… I think it was a few months ago that one of the Empress daughters went missing… there’s been a bit of turmoil there because of that.]
>[How is everybody?]
[Oh, they are fine! Elizah, as you can see, have started to extend the royal family already with her new husband Prince Elitor… and seeing how often they go at it I’m sure there will be more than just one pair of small feet running through the palace hall in the near future…]
>[I'm guessing after our last attempt to scan him that Eliraz is still owned by "Player Teal (Past)" by our view, while we probably scan as "Player Teal (Future)" or something.]
[Hmm, that’s odd… it just says Teal (Suspended) too me…]

>Hey Dooriya, glad to see you're ok. Take it you're a bit steamed at Steve right now.
Hmm? Oh, yeah… he had the nerve to come into my dream and cancel our date just like that! Said that he had something important to do… I still want to know what this important thing was so I can know if I should be mad at him or just grumpy that he’s busy.
>Well if you do find him and we're not with you can you tell him we'd like to talk to him.
Of course… as soon as I’m done with him.

>Aaaaa get the princess's attention please!
:DooriyaUNB: Um… excuse me, Princess?
:PaladinUNB: No one gets close to the Sultan without permission.
>Oh, tell them Teal says hi that should get their attention.
:DooriyaUNB: Tell her Teal want to see her…
:PaladinUNB: … very well. *Whisper*
:GuardRUST: Hmm? I’ll ask…

:GuardRUST: She’s cleared to meet the Sultan. Just keep in mind we’re watching you, Mantis.
:DooriyaUNB: Noted.
>I'd like to say sorry to Eliraz for about something that happened during the battle at the capital back in his home.
:ElizahRUST: Ah, you must be one of Teals new paws! We haven’t had to pleasure to meet before miss…?
:DooriyaUNB: Dooriya… and Teal says they are sorry for something that happened to… um… a Elias?
:ElirazRUSTED: Oh, tell them not to beat themselves up over it. It’s not like they GOT ME KILLED OR ANYTHING!
:ElizahRUST: Eliraz!
:ElirazRUSTED: …but fine… I forgive them… so… are they as intrusive in your love life like he was with ours?
:DooriyaUNB: Um…

Insert Building a reputation_
>>
No. 599541 ID: 2fd516

>>599540
Yes. Also tell Eliraz we didn't really get him killed. If he hadn't died then he would've died trying to fight Blue's king like 30 minutes later.

[@Teal(past): uh, hi?]
[@Rose: okay we'll let you in on a secret. There's no such thing as "holy" magic outside of Player abilities. The "Light" the paladins worship is actually the Manipulator of Dreams. He grants the paladins use of his anti-corruption/undead powers, which all daemons have. Bob is his ally, so is Grey. We told you about Bob, right? The Jailor? By the way, the Manipulator prefers to be called Steve, and is apparently going to give up his daemon body and become mortal to marry Dooriya. I think he's benevolent. Oh, and in the Amun Empire we found a sealed-off tomb of a daemon called Truth, who was created to tell the future, and we think mooooost of what it told us is true. It begged for death in exchange for the information, because it felt like that was the only true freedom, and guess what? That anti-magic dagger can really kill daemons. Well, more like it can delete them. Anyway, it told us Bob "only wishes to help those he cares for." so I don't think we can fully trust him. He doesn't care for mortals, after all. Truth also told us we shouldn't kill the daemons, because it'd cause the end of the world. This is somewhat reinforced by our experience with Justice. Any questions?]
>>
No. 599542 ID: dbe554

I'm pretty sure we intrude into everyone's love life. EVERYONE'S. We are just a bunch of little love squids.
>>
No. 599543 ID: 4f004c

>and seeing how often they go at it I’m sure there will be more than just one pair of small feet running through the palace hall in the near future…
[Reply: Well, we must have misunderstood the situation when we saw her earlier... I suppose she was upset at a more short-term event.]
>[Hmm, that’s odd… it just says Teal (Suspended) too me…]
[Reply: It must only say Past for us because we're also Player Teal, then.]
>How are you? How are things going over here?
[Reply: It's a bit complex, but I'll try and fill you in. Jericho was our first king, and he was Undead. Our second king, here, is a ghost, interestingly enough. I'm not sure what granted him the autonomy, but according to his brother, another Ghost, Bradford was given life again through a Daemon's energy, while his brother got it through a God's energy.
Strangely enough, six months ago, we got our third king. I am not certain why we went back in time to get another king, but it turns out our King back then was a half-Daemon. Not a source of corruption, thankfully, something we confirmed with our allies, but possessed some powers related to The Deceiver. We also wound up encountering several Gods there; did you hear about the light of descending in Amun? Showed up three separate times, for a total of five gods descending.
Something tells me that our third king is here, though. We saw his Daemon form in a vision, much like the visions we had while with Jericho, though I suppose it may just be a Daemon who has a similar shape.]
>>
No. 599544 ID: d64d29

>How are you? How are things going over here?
[reply: Right now, our king is some form of ghost, we find ourselves aligned with a daemon acting like a god-savior, and we fully expect player green to stab us in the back at our final battle, but we need his help lest we be overrun by daemonic lackeys. In the Amun empire, our king just found out he is part daemonic in the most horrific way possible, aliens are entering the world using the ancient methods used by the gods and threatening to disassemble the world for resources, and while we were on this planet all the races split up and decided to have an eternal war. In the meantime, we hardly know which daemonic faction is doing the right thing or acting in our best interest because one side is proven to be dishonest and the other has no respect for mortal life. So yeah, interesting times.]

>I think it was a few months ago that one of the Empress daughters went missing...
That's unnerving. That place is rife with shapeshifters.
>Oh, tell them not to beat themselves up over it. It’s not like they GOT ME KILLED OR ANYTHING!
You wound us.
>are they as intrusive in your love life like he was with ours?
Intrusive nothing. Some poor bastard in the Amun empire is currently stuck in a love quadrangle, and that was hardly our fault. I don't know if you want to tell them about Steve, but we're totally butting in on Vlad and Alexa.
>>
No. 599545 ID: 4f004c

>…but fine… I forgive them… so… are they as intrusive in your love life like he was with ours?
We're intrusive in everybody's love life.
>@Teal(past)
Teal (Past) was suspended, sort of like being temporarily banned from the game, only it's more of a probation thing. Basically a way for the admins to look into what the player did, and see if they deserve another chance or not. Of course, there are no admins, so we simply reconnect at another point in time. Ban evasion, y'know?
>I'm pretty sure we intrude into everyone's love life. EVERYONE'S. We are just a bunch of little love squids.
I still have plans to draw an image of player Teal fondling Rose's ghostly body, just to spite Kaktus's in-quest statement that players can't feel emotion.
>>
No. 599546 ID: 2fd516

>>599545
>that definition of suspended
That is completely unfounded.
>>
No. 599554 ID: 65a774
File 141444953331.png - (19.57KB , 900x450 , 7.png )
599554

> I still have plans to draw an image of player Teal fondling Rose's ghostly body, just to spite Kaktus's in-quest statement that players can't feel emotion.
Actually, I said they couldn’t feel “love”, not emotions. At least, that was what I meant to say… can’t even remember if I actually said anything else (Gah, I should write this things down!). Anyway, I have to say, I’m starting to see a pattern with you and Rose…

>[@Teal(past): uh, hi?]
[Teal: uh, hi?]
>[@Rose: okay we'll let you in on a secret. There's no such thing as "holy" magic outside of Player abilities. The "Light" the paladins worship is actually the Manipulator of Dreams. He grants the paladins use of his anti-corruption/undead powers, which all daemons have.]
[Rose: Oh, we already knew he was a daemon but… wait, manipulator? I though his name was Steve?]
>[Oh, and in the Amun Empire we found a sealed-off tomb of a daemon called Truth, who was created to tell the future, and we think mooooost of what it told us is true.]
[Really? Did he say anything interesting? Anything about me? Or us? As in players, I mean…]
>[guess what? That anti-magic dagger can really kill daemons. Well, more like it can delete them. Truth also told us we shouldn't kill the daemons, because it'd cause the end of the world.]
[I have to agree. Killing a whole… “species” would be wrong, wouldn’t it? No, we need to come to an understanding… to find love between our species… love can flourish it the weirdest of places, after all.]
>[Did you hear about the light of descending in Amun? Showed up three separate times, for a total of five gods descending.]
[I’ve hear rumors about odd lights… wait, gods? You mean those who… um… created this world, so to speak? Hmm… then maybe the rumor about those giant snake men who turned people into ash with a look isn’t completely unfounded then?]
>[In the Amun empire, our king just found out he is part daemonic in the most horrific way possible, aliens are entering the world using the ancient methods used by the gods and threatening to disassemble the world for resources, and while we were on this planet all the races split up and decided to have an eternal war.]
[…well, things are interesting as it’s always is with you, then. I have to say, for being such a cute bunch of squids you really have a tendency to get your hands… err… tentacles full of all kind of strange stuff.]

>[By the way, the Manipulator prefers to be called Steve, and is apparently going to give up his daemon body and become mortal to marry Dooriya. I think he's benevolent.]
[…]
:ElizahRUST: …you’re fucking the demon!?
:DooriyaUNB: I… wha- Dammit, Teal!
:ElirazRUSTED: She is what?
:ElizahRUST: So… is he any good?
:DooriyaUNB: I’m not- we haven’t- I’m not talking about this…
:ElizahRUST: Ah, so you’re still just dating? …you know, when it gets a bit seriously maybe you want to… have a bit of fun with me and my hus-
:ElirazRUSTED: Dammit, Sis!
:ElizahRUST: A girl can dream, can’t she?
:DooriyaUNB: …this is not how I envisioned a conservation with a Sultan to be…
:ElizahRUST: I… oh, sorry… I shouldn’t have intruded like that, Dooriya.
>I'm pretty sure we intrude into everyone's love life. EVERYONE'S. We are just a bunch of little love squids.
:ElirazRUSTED: Yeah… you guys do not really have a sense of privacy, do you?
>You wound us.
:ElirazRUSTED: I hope it scars!
:DooriyaUNB: Geez… you’re a bit irritated at them, aren’t you?
:ElirazRUSTED: Well, they did kill me… and was kind of annoying most of the time…
>Also tell Eliraz we didn't really get him killed. If he hadn't died then he would've died trying to fight Blue's king like 30 minutes later.
:ElirazRUSTED: Of course I would…
:ElizahRUST: Eliraz, please, they didn’t mean too…
:ElirazRUSTED: Hmph…

Insert You slept with a what?_
>>
No. 599558 ID: 2fd516

>>599554
Well there was also the fact that we already saw he was a ghoul in this time period. Seriously, we couldn't have saved him. Why doesn't he believe us? We warned him, even.

[@Rose: They aren't the gods that created this world, no. Truth told us that the Players are all corrupted, but that can't possibly mean corrupted by daemons, so I think it just had some lingering resentment. Apparently the Players were responsible for sealing away the daemons the first time, or something. Also it wanted us to kill all the Players including ourselves, but that's both unreasonable and impossible.]
>>
No. 599562 ID: 9ddf68

Eliraz, I understand that you're mad with us but I still wish to apologize. We made some big mistakes while trying to to help you save your homeland and in the defense of your capital we saw an opportunity and took it without fully understanding the consequences and it cost you far more then it cost us and for that I'm sorry. We just wanted to end the fighting before more people got hurt or more of the city was damaged and I know that is just an excuse but that is the truth of it. I would also like to apologize for leaving without saying goodbye. We were forced to leave before your body was resurrected and didn't get the chance to say anything before we left and for that I am sorry. But I'm also curious, when grey tried to take over your body and slay your lover you weren't nearly this mad when you found him again helpless with a new king. Are you truly so crossed with us or does your anger come from somewhere else and you're just venting it on us since we're here.

psst, Elizah. is he just mad because his boy toy is away training and he just hasn't had a good lay in awhile?

>Ah, so you’re still just dating?
well yeah but we have no idea on how far it's gone so far, I mean they are talking about getting married so they might have gone at it at least once or twice, I mean we could ask her sister if she's had any wet dreams lately cause that would probably be a good indicator but... wait is this crossing the line about personal things again? Not sure but just to be safe I'll ask something else. How have things been going since the desert became a rain forrest Elizah? once the rain started falling again we glimpsed a bit of you're guy's future and saw that you make quite the ruler, even with the asinine assassination attempts that are all stopped by Theen.
>>
No. 599565 ID: 4f004c

>Anyway, I have to say, I’m starting to see a pattern with you and Rose…
First female player, and I don't really think I'll get anywhere attempting to draw a mantis.
>[Really? Did he say anything interesting? Anything about me? Or us? As in players, I mean…]
[Reply: Basically that we could trust you to always be compassionate and diplomatic. Though our allies are limited, you are still our most trusted ally.]
>No, we need to come to an understanding… to find love between our species… love can flourish it the weirdest of places, after all.
[Reply: Compassion between Mortals and Daemons isn't even all that strange, in my opinion. Remember, Justice was only so malevolent because he was corrupted by Eliros and Akena.]
>[I’ve hear rumors about odd lights… wait, gods? You mean those who… um… created this world, so to speak? Hmm… then maybe the rumor about those giant snake men who turned people into ash with a look isn’t completely unfounded then?]
[Reply: ...Emphasis on "Completely," they aren't giants. They also aren't the ones who created the world, they just come from the same realm as them.]
>…you know, when it gets a bit seriously maybe you want to… have a bit of fun with me and my hus-
Despite being Lizard, she's surprisingly open to quadramorous relationships. Of course, that's actually because she's just flat out polyamorous. Trust me when I say our meddling is nothing compared to her.
>>
No. 599573 ID: 35ad98

>those giant snake men who turned people into ash
shit! that means that the other space snakes come down after their ex leader.

>Hmph…
oh suck it up! Jericho never bitched this much when he died.

Speaking of Jer how is he? I'm guessing you two have "done the deed" by now, was he any good? LOOK I'm meddling in you love life again! also remember our conversation about squid dicks.
>>
No. 599574 ID: 2eac65

>>599554
>[Really? Did he say anything interesting? Anything about me? Or us? As in players, I mean…]
[A bunch of things like "trust his hatred" or "trust her mercy" or "trust their chaos" (the last one was us). I think he was referring to the "default settings" of the various playes, but many of them/us have developed beyond their core personality traits, so I'm not sure how much faith to put into those statements.]

>[I’ve hear rumors about odd lights… wait, gods? You mean those who… um… created this world, so to speak? Hmm… then maybe the rumor about those giant snake men who turned people into ash with a look isn’t completely unfounded then?]
[They're of the same nature, but they aren't the same individual beings. They actually have no knowledge of this world's creation, and are quite curious as to how it was done and by whom. These beings don't have godlike powers of their own, but they do have very advanced equipment. For future reference, if you ever meet a living person who appears botanical, serpentine, or orange, try to keep them safe. And if the system asks you to capture one of them, don't; it's a trap.]

[@Teal(past): Can anyone hear this message?]
[Echo messages from Teal to Eliraz.]

We do respect people's privacy, really. We just get involved when we think that people need help. We're helping at least two of our current pawns deal with their budding bisexuality, and it hasn't been as easy for them as it was for Jericho. Apparently, the anti-homosexual sentiment is significantly stronger around these parts.

Speaking of Jericho, how's he been doing lately? According to our visions of the future, your age will be remembered fondly as a time of prosperity, but how are things going for you personally?

Actually, there's something I'd appreciate your help with. In the future, there will be historians attempting to research this era and compile information. Some of the knowledge will be lost, such as any mention of the involvement of daemons. As a result, many people will be remembered as being slightly or greatly different from how they actually were. What I ask is for you to create a detailed and accurate description of the events that unfold, based on what you and your allies know firsthand, and see to it that the knowledge lasts throughout the ages. In secret, if necessary, so that the records remain unnoticed by the people we've seen in the future, and can be shared after they overlook it. I know this is a pretty elaborate request, but I'd very much like it if the truth of this era were to be remembered by future generations.

>>599573
Now, there's no need to bother Eliraz about that. We already know the answer.
>>
No. 599588 ID: 2fdec1

Does Eliraz not remember we told him the day before he died, when he was in the crypt with Jericho, that we saw that he would be a ghoul in this time period? And didn't Jericho tell him what we asked Bob after we got the Greater Rune of Fire? We asked him "Was Eliraz's fate set in stone as soon as we saw he was a ghoul nine months from now?" and Bob replied, "How he ended up was, but the how, when and what wasn't. Personally I bet on his idiot brother would do him in down here, but that prince of yours was stupider then I gave him credit for." We were against fate here, and fate is impossible to break.

However, that it would have happened anyway doesn't excuse us from needlessly putting Eliraz in harms way. All I can say is it was our fault; We fucked up back then, completely and totally, and it was made even worse 'cause we KNEW he was fated for death and yet we put him in such a terrible position on the horribly, foolishly slim chance it'd stop the Avatar of Justice. We should have been doing all we could to try and break his fate, and yet so many of us had resigned ourselves to it and I don't know why 'cause we usually fight against such things. I'm so sorry we failed him so totally and that we didn't even give ourselves the sliver of a chance to save him from fate, but I know that even if we apologized forever it wouldn't be enough. And we failed ourselves when we didn't fight against Eliraz's fate to the very end and I feel utmost shame we didn't and that we should all feel the same.

But I've been wondering this ever since his death: Why did Eliraz go along with our obviously bad plan? He saw what the Avatar of Justice could do and it scared him mightily. He knew he couldn't dodge her blades and yet he still went in. So why didn't he object when he heard our plan? Why didn't he say "no, this is a terrible plan" and refuse? Why didn't he do that? ...Maybe Bob was a little right in what he said of Eliraz.

>>599562
>psst, Elizah. is he just mad because his boy toy is away training and he just hasn't had a good lay in awhile?
What the...? Did you forget that we're not talking directly to Elizah and Dooriya would have to relay that, within earshot of Eliraz? And it's really insensitive to Eliraz as well worded that way. It's all around better to message Rose to ask about that.

[@Rose: Eliraz being this sour towards us now isn't 'cause Jericho's been away for months, is it? Or at least not most of it. He's been this bitter about his death and us ever since he was raised, hasn't he? *sigh* He even told us the day before he died that he'd only be bitter with us for his death if it was our fault and he's been true to his word. ...Dammit, he's going to hate us forever.]
>>
No. 599598 ID: e26cbe

> you guys do not really have a sense of privacy, do you?
It's kind of hard when we can read minds and don't have anyway of 'knocking' before we switch to someone. Scanning only gives so much information, and we're usually in a constant state of emergency anyway.
>Of course I would…
Eliraz, we saw you here, as a ghoul, far before the final battle. Remember we told you while you were defending the gate, and you told us we were horrible motivators?
>>
No. 599614 ID: 65a774
File 141451813687.png - (19.69KB , 900x450 , 8.png )
599614

>[@Teal(past): Can anyone hear this message?] [Echo messages from Teal to Eliraz.]
[ERROR!]
>[Reply: Basically that we could trust you to always be compassionate and diplomatic. Though our allies are limited, you are still our most trusted ally.]
[Rose: Thank you. That means a lot to me. I have you know, you’re my favorite player, yourself. Why, I would hug you if you weren’t so… um… spread out.]
>[Reply: Compassion between Mortals and Daemons isn't even all that strange, in my opinion. Remember, Justice was only so malevolent because he was corrupted by Eliros and Akena.]
[Anyone can show compassion if they just want too.]
>[They're of the same nature, but they aren't the same individual beings. They actually have no knowledge of this world's creation, and are quite curious as to how it was done and by whom.]
[Yes, you did say something about visitors from the stars when we last talked, didn’t you?]
>[For future reference, if you ever meet a living person who appears botanical, serpentine, or orange, try to keep them safe. And if the system asks you to capture one of them, don't; it's a trap.]
[I don’t show any hostility toward anyone who doesn’t show it in kind.]
>[@Rose: Eliraz being this sour towards us now isn't 'cause Jericho's been away for months, is it?]
[Oh, you know how it is. Jericho is so busy training out in the world he and Eliraz have very few days together. He’s just cranky because he haven’t gotten a good pounding in a while~]

>Well yeah but we have no idea on how far it's gone so far, I mean they are talking about getting married so they might have gone at it at least once or twice…
Hey, I’ve never- not with him! And he’s the one talking about marriage… um… actually, when I think about it, he hasn’t actually mentioned anything about… “that” at all…
>We do respect people's privacy, really. We just get involved when we think that people need help.
Yeah, sure… the need to get laid, right…
>We're helping at least two of our current pawns deal with their budding bisexuality.
Wait, what bisexuals? You mean Vlad and Alex? I’m pretty sure Alex is gayer then a yeti with a fresh kill… and I’m not so sure about Vlad interest in women either…
>Despite being Lizard, she's surprisingly open to quadramorous relationships. Of course, that's actually because she's just flat out polyamorous. Trust me when I say our meddling is nothing compared to her.
I’ve heard rumors that she’s rather… “frisky” with her harem… so it’s probably less relationships and more… um… yeah…

>Well there was also the fact that we already saw he was a ghoul in this time period. Seriously, we couldn't have saved him. Why doesn't he believe us? We warned him, even.
:ElirazRUSTED: …because telling me that I would die was rather discouraging, no?
>oh suck it up! Jericho never bitched this much when he died.
:ElirazRUSTED: HEY! Try dying yourself!
>Eliraz, I understand that you're mad with us but I still wish to apologize. We made some big mistakes while trying to help you save your homeland and in the defense of your capital we saw an opportunity and took it without fully understanding the consequences and it cost you far more then it cost us and for that I'm sorry.
:ElirazRUSTED:
>I would also like to apologize for leaving without saying goodbye. We were forced to leave before your body was resurrected and didn't get the chance to say anything before we left and for that I am sorry.
:ElirazRUSTED: …fine, I forgive you… a bit… don’t expect me to be happy to see you, though.
:ElizahRUST: Don’t worry, he’s just a bit cranky when Jer is away.
>Why did Eliraz go along with our obviously bad plan?
:ElirazRUSTED: Because clearly I’m an idiot who trusted you, that’s why!

>How have things been going since the desert became a rain forest Elizah?
:ElizahRUST: Oh, it’s a bit… wobbly, at the moment. I have to deal with both angry tribals and angry nobles… and that’s not even considering this whole demon invasion that’s coming up.
>According to our visions of the future, your age will be remembered fondly as a time of prosperity, but how are things going for you personally?
:ElizahRUST: Really? I do hope I can make my country proud in the end… as for me… well, I’m fine, really. This tummy is getting a bit heavy to carry, but otherwise I’m great.
>Speaking of Jer how is he?
:ElizahRUST: Training as usual… otherwise he’s his old stoic self.
>What I ask is for you to create a detailed and accurate description of the events that unfold, based on what you and your allies know firsthand, and see to it that the knowledge lasts throughout the ages. In secret, if necessary, so that the records remain unnoticed by the people we've seen in the future, and can be shared after they overlook it.
:ElizahRUST: I already have my best scribe writing about this. I’ll see to it that they remember.

:ArchBishopUNB: ] Now orders from Steve… see to it, Captain.
:AndrzejUNB: ] Yes sir.

>also remember our conversation about squid dicks.
… … … … I’m not even going to ask.

Insert That’s not the way you talk to a lady!_
>>
No. 599618 ID: 2fd516

>>599614
[@Grey: What's up? Is Steve back?]
We might be about done here. Well, one other thing. What sort of resources do the serathians have? For instance, is Artemis still around? She would be very useful if we have to fight a daemon in person again.
The Archbishop is back, so Steve might be available. I feel like we might want to help with Anna though. I'm sure she'll win, but if we help she might come out of the fight without any wounds to boot.

[@Rose: Hmm, iirc we're allied with Grey already. You could ally with us again, but that would ally you with Grey by proxy, right? Or do alliances not work that way? Up to you.]
[preemptively accept alliance request from Rose, share pawn information with Rose]
>>
No. 599619 ID: d64d29

[Message pink: oh, and do you know anything about Red going to the Amun empire?]

>Yeah, sure… the need to get laid, right…
I'll have you know that's a very legitimate way to avoid being chosen for a daemonic sacrifice.
> HEY! Try dying yourself!
If it'll make you feel any better, the oracle mentioned we will have to make a great sacrifice in the future to save the world or whatever, and I'm pretty sure sacrifices notable enough to be prophesied aren't the kind we can walk away from. So this meeting is possibly a goodbye, as well.
>… … … … I’m not even going to ask.
Let's just say that SOMEONE managed to kill an emotional moment so thoroughly that we should have been awarded EXP.

It sounds like Steve has given his orders, someone may be sent for you soon. By the way, has Eliraz continued his own training under Bradford?
>>
No. 599620 ID: 2fd516

>>599619
Under Temrock you mean.
>>
No. 599631 ID: 9ddf68

>…fine, I forgive you… a bit… don’t expect me to be happy to see you, though.
missed you to big guy

>Now orders from Steve… see to it, Captain.
Hey steve's back, that means you have someone to yell at Dooriya, and we have someone to ask about a growing deamons needs. Like how can we feed him without having him devourer someone's soul, and how likely is his mother is going to be mad at us because we got between her and her baby... both the deamon mother and the mortal one.
>>
No. 599637 ID: 4f004c

>Like how can we feed him without having him devourer someone's soul, and how likely is his mother is going to be mad at us because we got between her and her baby... both the deamon mother and the mortal one.
Oh, I hadn't thought of that. We do need to know how to keep Diligent alive and not have him need to consume people, yes. Emotions aren't feeding him enough anymore, so we'll have to see to increasing his meals, probably, unless Steve has another idea.
>>
No. 599638 ID: dbe554

Well we could hug you in return Rose. *Squid hug!*
>>
No. 599639 ID: 65a774
File 141453724336.png - (18.05KB , 900x450 , 9.png )
599639

>[@Grey: What's up? Is Steve back?]
[Grey: Steve is back if you want to talk to him.]
>[@Rose: You could ally with us again, but that would ally you with Grey by proxy, right? Or do alliances not work that way?]
[Rose: Um… that’s not how it works… but, I’ll ally you, little squiddy.]
>[preemptively accept alliance request from Rose, share pawn information with Rose]
[You are now allied with player Pink!]
>[Message pink: oh, and do you know anything about Red going to the Amun empire?]
[I can’t say. Last time I saw red was when he left Serath several months ago.]
>[Well we could hug you in return Rose. *Squid hug!*]
[Aw, you guys are so sweet.]

>I'll have you know that's a very legitimate way to avoid being chosen for a daemonic sacrifice.
I’m pretty sure that’s a myth. I mean, Virginity isn’t really something you can take and use…
>Let's just say that SOMEONE managed to kill an emotional moment so thoroughly that we should have been awarded EXP.
…remind me to keep you guys away from me when I’m alone with Steve.

>Missed you to big guy.
:ElirazRUSTED: Well, I didn’t miss you… at all…
:ElizahRUST: Don’t lie, I know for a fact you’ve asked where he went more than once.
:ElirazRUSTED: What? No I- that was because Jericho kept talking about them!
:ElizahRUST: Of course it was.
>What sort of resources do the serathians have? For instance, is Artemis still around?
:ElizahRUST: Right here? Well, not much. We are just here to talk, after all. As for Artemis, she’s around here somewhere…
>By the way, has Eliraz continued his own training under Temrock?
:ElirazRUSTED: I have you know, I’ve master the way of the mind and sword!
:ElizahRUST: That is to say, Temrock is still beating him up every morning.

>Hey steve's back, that means you have someone to yell at Dooriya, and we have someone to ask about a growing deamons needs.
:DooriyaUNB: Well, it’s been nice talking to you Sultan, but I need to go talk to Steve…
:ElirazRUST: Ah, of course. Can’t keep the love birds from each other, now can we?
:DooriyaUNB: Right… hmm… maybe I should go gather the others first?

[Choose your destiny! …again!]
[The priest / The Alchemist: Fighting over a bottle… to the DEATH!!]
[Sister of Wisdom: Lovers quarrel.]
[Sister of Power: Still waking up in a stranger’s bed.]
[The hunter: Doing something “important”… probably…]
[The Savage / The Valkyrie: Gearing up… to face their DOOM!! *Thunder!*]

Insert Superball! *Thunder*
>>
No. 599647 ID: dbe554

The priest and alchemist, once again we need to fix him before he does something stupid again.
>>
No. 599648 ID: 9ddf68

>…remind me to keep you guys away from me when I’m alone with Steve.
why? it's not like you two are doing anything, you even told us you don't do anything.

>Right… hmm… maybe I should go gather the others first?
eh, you have something that you want to say to steve so you can go on ahead, well meet with the others and send them your way... where are we meeting up again?

>[The priest / The Alchemist: Fighting over a bottle… to the DEATH!!]
oh god dammit we have to take care of something, later folks and see you when I see you.

did we miss out on the UFO ending?
>>
No. 599651 ID: d64d29

>I’m pretty sure that’s a myth. I mean, Virginity isn't really something you can take and use…
It's a matter of purity. A prime daemonic sacrifice hasn't gotten any action, in reference to both combat and carnality. One of those things leads to jail time, and we therefore don't encourage it.
>…remind me to keep you guys away from me when I’m alone with Steve.
Alone with a daemon? Are you certain that's a good idea?

Wait for the others for just a bit, there's a bit of drama we'll patch up and then we'll get them to come to you.

>[Choose your destiny! …again!]
The Priest/the Alchemist.
>>
No. 599652 ID: 2fd516

>>599639
I do think we should have more than just you around for the big talk. Unless you just want to settle your personal issues with him alone? We don't have to do the big talk immediately, and half of the group is busy anyway, so you could settle your personal issues in private while we do some other things, and then we can bring some others along to do the big talk later.

Hmm. I'm torn between helping Jal and Anna. Why don't you meet up with Jal and Alex? We'll go over there too and try to keep Jal sober until you arrive, then we can switch back to Anna.
>>
No. 599653 ID: 4f004c

>Right… hmm… maybe I should go gather the others first?
I rather think it best that you be present in case he gets rushed off again soon. We'll fetch the others, just remember what we said we wanted to ask.
>did we miss out on the UFO ending?
Still pretty sure that's with The Hunter, but
>[The priest / The Alchemist: Fighting over a bottle… to the DEATH!!]
We REALLY need to check up on Jal.
>>
No. 599712 ID: 02938e

Well it was nice seeing you again Pink and you too Elizah and of course you as well sour puss.
and before you tell us to bite you remember that we can.

Dooriya we wont be present for your meeting with Steve so can you ask him for all he can tell us about growing young daemons and half daemons.

>The priest / The Alchemist
to the whores with the dark and terrible back stories we go!
>>
No. 599731 ID: 65a774
File 141460536457.png - (10.43KB , 900x450 , 10.png )
599731

>Why? it's not like you two are doing anything, you even told us you don't do anything.
We’re still kind of dating! Just because we don’t… um… share a bed doesn’t mean we can have a romantic moment you can ruin, now does it?
>Alone with a daemon? Are you certain that's a good idea?
…I’ve been alone with him in my dreams for the last few weeks. I’ll be fine…
>It's a matter of purity. A prime daemonic sacrifice hasn't gotten any action, in reference to both combat and carnality. One of those things leads to jail time, and we therefore don't encourage it.
I’m pretty sure both can lead to jail if you’re not careful…

>Well it was nice seeing you again Pink, you too Elizah and of course you as well sour puss.
[Pink: I’ll keep it touch, little squiddy.]
:ElizahRUST: It’s nice to hear that it’s going well for you too, Teal… good luck and take care.
:ElirazRUSTED: Bite-
>and before you tell us to bite you remember that we can.
:ElirazRUSTED: Then sod off.
:ElizahRUST: Brother…
:ElirazRUSTED: …fine, good luck and take care… and… and it’s not your fault I died… completely… some of it is still your fault. Just so you know.
:ElizahRUST: *Sigh*…

>I do think we should have more than just you around for the big talk. Unless you just want to settle your personal issues with him alone?
Well, I have something to talk to him about… preferable in private…
>eh, you have something that you want to say to Steve so you can go on ahead, well meet with the others and send them your way... where are we meeting up again?
Where he usually manifest, I guess? In the smaller, private temple in the middle of the complex.



>The priest and alchemist, once again we need to fix him before he does something stupid again.
:AlexUNB: Where do you keep getting these bottle from?
:JalUNB: That’s a professional secret…*Sniff* and give it back! *Sniff*
:AlexUNB: …in what profession? The Alcoholism profession? Either way, I’ve already told you, you’re going cold and that’s it!
:JalUNB: But… but… *sniff* …I want to *Achoo!* urg…
:AlexUNB: How about this. If you don’t stop drinking you will never bang that albino lady’s buttocks again…
:JalUNB: …*sniff* Hey, first off, she’s not some… some… *sniff*… prize! She’s a person… she chooses who *Sniff* will put their eggs in her finely shaped butt. Second, She freaking *sniff* hates me already!
:AlexUNB: Hate you? Last time you met you had a good time, didn’t you?
:JalUNB: Yeah… *sniff* …but she told me she wouldn’t be with me if I drank so much…
:AlexUNB: …then stop drinking so she’ll be with you?
:JalUNB: But… but I need to drink so I can forget that she doesn’t want to be wi- *Achoo!* urgh…
:AlexUNB: …so… you’re drinking because she won’t be with you when you drink… geez…
:JalUNB: …I… I need a drink…*Sniff*…
>To the whores with the dark and terrible back stories we go!
:AlexUNB: WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST CALL ME!?
:JalUNB: Err… I think he was *sniff* referring to me…
:AlexUNB: Still…

>Did we miss out on the UFO ending?
Insert You just missed all the endings except the “Super omega bad” ending! Tips: Next time go three screens right and two screens down in the serath desert in the beginning to pick up the rusty nail. (It’s the small discolored pixel in the lower left corner.)_
>>
No. 599732 ID: dbe554

So he wants to be with her, but then he drinks because he wants to forget she doesn't want him to be a drunken fool so thus he drinks even more..

Good Squiddles above he's practically replaced every coping mechanism he's had with alcohol, for both good and bad events, which I suppose is the cause for plenty of his bad events..Which he then drinks away to forget and the cycle continues. He really does need to go cold, but we also need to find him a new method of coping with life that he can replace over alcohol, something healthy.

*Scan room for alcohol*
>>
No. 599734 ID: 2fd516

>>599731
Jal, it sounds like you don't have faith in yourself to kick the habit. We have faith. You can train yourself to stop drinking, or at least to have restraint when you do, and guess what? We boost the ability of our pawns to learn new skills! So just try to learn restraint and you will learn it, because of us. Don't believe in yourself, believe in us who believes in you!

Alexandra, don't forget that if someone is a habitual heavy drinker, going cold turkey can be dangerous. The withdrawl can be fatal in extreme cases.
>>
No. 599735 ID: 9ddf68

Jal, you don't need alcohol to solve all your problems, you need friends, friends to help you replace the bad memories with good ones. That and if we keep finding alcohol in your room we will request a room change with personal guards to make sure you stay sober. I don't mean that as a threat either. seriously if you drink this much I'm worried about your health. Also the health of this town because judging by the amount of booze we keep finding in your room if this room ever catches fire it could wipe out half the town in the blink of an eye ones the booze catches fire.
>>
No. 599736 ID: d64d29

Jal, forget the albino ass and the tricks of your profession and all the other shit, you're fucking killing yourself. You nearly died in that snowdrift, and we won't have you live just so you make the same mistakes again. Now thank Alexa for all the times she's pulled your esoteric bits out of the fire and put up with your drunken antics, because we won't be so lenient. You're a damn important member of the team here, we won't let you do this to yourself.

Alexa, you need to REALLY put your foot down. We know you've tried to get him off the bottle in the past, but it has to stick this time or there might not be another chance.
>>
No. 599748 ID: 4f004c

>*Scan room for alcohol*
[Echo results to The Priest]
>>
No. 599755 ID: 02938e

>I think he was referring to me
I was actually referring to both of you but seeing as a lot of people we meet turn out to be sluts or have dark pasts don't take it personally. Hell if we could we would probably be sluts too.

And back to the issue of mister pickled over there how about a deal, every time anyone sees him with a bottle if they can get it from him they can beat him with it a few times.
>>
No. 599864 ID: 65a774
File 141469152569.png - (10.49KB , 900x450 , 11.png )
599864

>*Scan room for alcohol* [Echo results to The Priest]
[Object: Bottle of wine.]

>Alexandra, don't forget that if someone is a habitual heavy drinker, going cold turkey can be dangerous. The withdrawal can be fatal in extreme cases.
:AlexUNB: I know… but it’s going to be fatal if he continues like this too.
>He really does need to go cold, but we also need to find him a new method of coping with life that he can replace over alcohol, something healthy.
:JalUNB: Oh, I know! Every time I *sniff* feel like I need a drink you can instead give me a *sniff*-
:AlexUNB: I’m not getting you addicted to sex… well, more then you already are.
:JalUNB: I was going to say a *sniff* sweet.
:AlexUNB: And I’m not going to make you fat either. They said healthy!
:JalUNB: But… only boring, disgusting stuff is heal- *Achoo* urg…
>Jal, it sounds like you don't have faith in yourself to kick the habit.
:JalUNB: Faith? I don’t want to *sniff* kick the habit! I want a *sniff* drink!
>We have faith.
:JalUNB: Good for you…*Sniff*
>You can train yourself to stop drinking, or at least to have restraint when you do, and guess what? We boost the ability of our pawns to learn new skills! So just try to learn restraint and you will learn it, because of us.
:AlexUNB: Well, at least we got a small chance… now we just need to convince him to stop…
>Don't believe in yourself, believe in us who believes in you!
:JalUNB: …that’s the stupidest thing I’ve-
:AlexUNB: Lay off them, Jal. Everything they say can’t be so witty it pierces the heavens.

>Jal, you don't need alcohol to solve all your problems, you need friends, friends to help you replace the bad memories with good ones.
:JalUNB: But… my friends *sniff* are drinks!
:AlexUNB: Last time I checked that doesn’t count as a friend. At all.
>Jal, forget the albino ass and the tricks of your profession and all the other shit, you're fucking killing yourself.
:JalUNB: So what? My life is *sniff* pointless anyway!
:AlexUNB: Geez… Jal… don’t say that…
:JalUNB: And forget about that*sniff* nice piece of bum? That was the only thing decent *sniff* that has happened to me since… forever!
:AlexUNB: …Jal, please…
>How about a deal, every time anyone sees him with a bottle if they can get it from him they can beat him with it a few times.
:AlexUNB: That’s a bit… um… excessive, don’t you think? Let’s not start physically abusing him if we can help it, right?
:JalUNB: No, hit me! I deserve it! I’m a huge*sniff* piece of shit and I deserve to be-
>Alexa, you need to REALLY put your foot down. We know you've tried to get him off the bottle in the past, but it has to stick this time or there might not be another chance.
:AlexUNB: SHUT UP! That’s it! I’ve had it! Stop being such a whiny little brat and grow up, Jal! If you don’t get a hold of yourself and stop drinking I’ll leave… and I won’t come back, do you understand!? I’ve tried and tried, but you keep going back! So, this is it! Me or the booze… your choice…
:JalUNB: …I… but… I can’t… I’m too *sniff* weak…
:AlexUNB: Then we will help you, but first you need to want our help.
:JalUNB: … … …help me quit, *sniff* Alex… please…
:AlexUNB: That’s better… now, we just need to… err…

Insert …I need a freaking drink_
>>
No. 599865 ID: 4f004c

Well... He could immerse himself in a book or something. But, uh, for now we kind of got that appointment with Steve to head off to. That's something to distract himself with, at least.
>>
No. 599866 ID: dbe554

First, lets get rid of the object of his obsession just sitting in his room, having it within eye distance of his bed isn't going to help him.

Second we need to find him something to do while sick, a book or something, he likely won't relax without a drink so we have to find something that will do so, even freakin give him a light massage or something.

Third: Jal you have plenty of friends, the problem is you tend to lose some of them BY drinking, the bottles were never your friend, they've been your enemy the whole time. I mean heck, you've likely got more friends now, but you'll lose them if you kill yourself with drinking.

Fourth: Take his money, I know it may seem harsh but then he can't buy anymore drinks under people's noses.
>>
No. 599868 ID: 2fd516

>>599864
Practice. Today, we can have the bottle there within arms reach, and he can practice not trying to take it. Then graduate to not thinking about drinking it. Practice mind over matter. Maybe tomorrow we can practice him only drinking one glass. Restraint is harder than complete avoidance, after all.

Also goddamn Jal you are like the best alchemist this place has ever seen, drunk or sober. Don't devalue yourself like that. Also you are apparently a good lover, because she was very satisfied with your performance.
>>
No. 599892 ID: 9ddf68

first things first, get his ass back in bed and get him some soup or something, he's sick and needs his rest.

Next, try to have someone nearby that he can talk to. Doesn't have to be you but people that consider Jal a friend and want to help him quit.

Lastly, go to the bartender and see if you can't get him to stop serving Jal drinks. Jal may go into a relapse if he has a practically bad day so we might as well cut him off before he falls back unto his ass.
>>
No. 599907 ID: d64d29

> But… only boring, disgusting stuff is heal- *Achoo* urg…
You're not addicted because alcohol is nice, you're addicted because you've never been without it. Replace alcohol with something else, even something stupid like water or working, to get rid of the compulsions.
>> So what? My life is *sniff* pointless anyway!
Your work has been described as that of a master artificer. Give yourself more credit than that.
> And forget about that*sniff* nice piece of bum? That was the only thing decent *sniff* that has happened to me since… forever!
Then make some effort to keep her around, dummkopf!!

We came here because Steve is now available to talk to and we were going to ask you all to come, but frankly Jal sounds like hell and should get some rest. Alexa, take the bottle with you and head to the temple, We'll gather up the others. And tell Sten to cut Jal off, if he hasn't already.
[scan pawns]
>>
No. 600004 ID: 65a774
File 141477686994.png - (10.16KB , 900x450 , 12.png )
600004

>[scan pawns]
[“The Savage” Status: Scared. “The hunter” Status: Weird visions, depressed. “The priest” Status: Concerned, annoyed. “The Alchemist” Status: Depressed, Sick. “Sister of Wisdom” Status: Content. “Sister of Power” Status: Confused. “The Valkyrie” Status: Depressed, Scared.]

>Well... He could immerse himself in a book or something.
:JalUNB: But I already got a book…
:AlexUNB: Let me guess… it a lot of explicit content?
:JalUNB: What? No, it’s about the dragon riders of-
:AlexUNB: Ugh… fantasy? Who in their right mind read that kind of drivel?
:JalUNB: Hey! I know for a fact that most of those romance novels you read are pure fantasy too!
:AlexUNB: They at least got some class.
>First, let’s get rid of the object of his obsession just sitting in his room, having it within eye distance of his bed isn't going to help him.
:AlexUNB: Yeah, better make use of this myself… hmm… I wonder if Vlad likes wine? He probably needs a drink…
:JalUNB: Hey! I paid for that!
:AlexUNB: Don’t worry, I’ll repay you…
>Jal you have plenty of friends, the problem is you tend to lose some of them BY drinking, the bottles were never your friend, they've been your enemy the whole time.
:JalUNB: Those treasonous fiends! I trusted them!
:AlexUNB: Never trust anyone that full of alcohol.
:JalUNB: I need to take revenge! Give them to me and I’ll drink them all! HAHAHA!
:AlexUNB: Jal…
:JalUNB: I was just joking… fine, I’ll don’t drink them… see how they like that!

>Practice. Today, we can have the bottle there within arms reach, and he can practice not trying to take it.
:JalUNB: Hey, that sound like a great-
:AlexUNB: That’s a horrible idea that would only end with an empty bottle.
:JalUNB: But-
:AlexUNB: No, Jal. You know how you are when there are bottles nearby.
>Take his money, I know it may seem harsh but then he can't buy anymore drinks under people's noses.
:JalUNB: Hey!
:AlexUNB: I’ll give it back, you big baby.
>Goddamn Jal you are like the best alchemist this place has ever seen, drunk or sober. Don't devalue yourself like that.
:JalUNB: Yet they still kicked me out from the academy!
:AlexUNB: Because you’re a drunkard, not because you’re a bad alchemist. Now, get your act together and show those nerds that you’re the freaking king of nerds!
:JalUNB: YEAH! I’ll show them that they don’t kick Jal out! I’ll become sober and show them all! HAHAHA!
:AlexUNB: …by getting back in, right?
:JalUNB: Of course! What did you think I was going to do? Take over the world?
:AlexUNB: Well, that laugh did sound a bit like it was coming from that direction, yeah…
>Also you are apparently a good lover, because she was very satisfied with your performance.
:JalUNB: She was!? I mean, of course she was! I aim to please… and tease…
>Then make some effort to keep her around, dummkopf!!
:JalUNB:
:AlexUNB: If you actually want a relationship that’s more than just a quick bang you’ll need to shape up, Jal.
:JalUNB: …a real relationship? With her? …you really think that would work out?
:AlexUNB: I’ve heard you two gush about those nerd things you got in common. You’ll do fine if you just stop self-destructing.
>Try to have someone nearby that he can talk to. Doesn't have to be you but people that consider Jal a friend and want to help him quit.
:AlexUNB: Yeah, I’ll see to it that you’re not left alone, alright?

>Get his ass back in bed and get him some soup or something, he's sick and needs his rest.
:JalUNB: But my abdomen is already in bed!
:AlexUNB: I’ll tell Sten to send some soup for you.
>Go to the bartender and see if you can't get him to stop serving Jal drinks.
:AlexUNB: And I’ll make sure he stop serving you too…
:JalUNB: Aw…

>We came here because Steve is now available to talk to and we were going to ask you all to come, but frankly Jal sounds like hell and should get some rest.
:JalUNB: But… I want to hear the grand demon tell us all its dirty secrets!
:AlexUNB: No, you’re staying here, Jal. I’ll tell you what he said later… now, I need to go look over Vlad for a moment.

[Choose your destiny! Just one more time!]
[Sister of Wisdom: Learning the answer to everything.]
[Sister of Power: Eating breakfast at a strangers table.]
[The priest / The hunter: Will they or won’t they?]
[The Savage / The Valkyrie: Dying horribly… you know, probably…]

Insert Wait, does that mean she’s horrible at dying or just plain old dying?_
>>
No. 600005 ID: 9ddf68

>[The Savage / The Valkyrie: Dying horribly… you know, probably…]
ok if Brad is scared I think that warrants a look

and Jal, just rest for now. we'll let you know what's happening once we find out ourselves. Oh and Alex, when you go to check on Vlad can you ask him if he's seen anything weird, just a hunch more then anything but we got a weird message when we checked to see if he was doing alright.
>>
No. 600006 ID: dbe554

Hoo boy Brad isn't the type to fear for much, we best check on them.

Also good luck Jal, all of us Squiddies believe in you as well as your friends. Get better for yourself and for everyone.
>>
No. 600009 ID: d64d29

> What did you think I was going to do? Take over the world?
We'd have a hard time trying to discourage you.

>[Choose your destiny! Just one more time!]
I hope not. Damn, this would be so much simpler if we could split up.
[Wait like five seconds to make sure Jal doesn't pull out a flask, switch to The Savage / The Valkyrie]
>>
No. 600010 ID: 2fd516

>>600004
Yeah we better go help Anna before it's too late.

Alex, uh, he was looking at porn probably so you might want to knock to make sure you don't walk in on him doing stuff.
>>
No. 600019 ID: 4f004c

>Ugh… fantasy? Who in their right mind read that kind of drivel?
Everybody with a decently sized brain, actually. Romance, however, only those who got their brain in their groinal region read that.
>Of course! What did you think I was going to do? Take over the world?
>Well, that laugh did sound a bit like it was coming from that direction, yeah…
Alexandra, he is an Alchemist. They tend to have manic laughs.
>…a real relationship? With her? …you really think that would work out?
Believe it or not, gray told us himself that she thought you would be a great partner if you would just lay off the booze, and Gray can read her mind, being her player and all.
>But… I want to hear the grand demon tell us all its dirty secrets!
We'll spill you all his dirty little secrets, ourselves. Probably the secrets from when he was in diapers, too, given we have a reason to actually ask!
>“The Savage” Status: Scared.
We need to see what's up with him, yeah. The Sister of Wisdom better damn well remember to ask about Daemon youth.
>>
No. 600025 ID: 65a774
File 141479020346.png - (17.88KB , 900x450 , 13.png )
600025

>Everybody with a decently sized brain, actually. Romance, however, only those who got their brain in their groinal region read that.
:AlexUNB: I have you know, you uneducated, illiterate plebian, romance is about love, feelings and drama, not some… “groinal” regions.
:JalUNB: Is groinal even a word?
>Believe it or not, gray told us himself that she thought you would be a great partner if you would just lay off the booze, and Gray can read her mind, being her player and all.
:JalUNB: She said that!? I… I… I really *Sniff* must stop with the booze… right after one last dr-
:AlexUNB: No.
:JalUNB: But-
:AlexUNB: No drinks!
>and Jal, just rest for now. we'll let you know what's happening once we find out ourselves.
:JalUNB: Right, I’ll *sniff* just stay here *sniff* and *Achoo!* …urg… *sniff* …and here *sniff* I thought it cleaned *Sniff* itself up a moment ago… *Sniff* damn revenge of the *sniff* mucus…
:AlexUNB: Wait… do mantises even have noses? And mucus?
:JalUNB: Hey, *sniff* you’re the doctor here… *sniff*
:AlexUNB: I’m a healer, not a doctor…

>Alex, uh, he was looking at porn probably so you might want to knock to make sure you don't walk in on him doing stuff.
:AlexUNB: Typical men…
:JalUNB: Err… you do *sniff* realize you’re a-
:AlexUNB: Shut it, Jal.
>Oh and Alex, when you go to check on Vlad can you ask him if he's seen anything weird, just a hunch more then anything but we got a weird message when we checked to see if he was doing alright.
:AlexUNB: Right, right… I’ll check on him, don’t worry.
:JalUNB: *Achoo!* urg… my throat is a warzone…



>Hoo boy Brad isn't the type to fear for much, we best check on them.
:BradfordUNB: Anna!? ANNA!!?
:AnnaUNB: *Gurgle*
:UnknownKAK: Ha… *cough* …I w-win…
:MikhailUNB: As both of you are bleeding to death I’m pretty sure it was a draw. Now, as this isn’t a competition for who will bleed to death the fastest… healers, do your job.
:UnknownKAK: W-wha… *cough* …no… I… I w-won… *cough* …bitch d-deserves to bleed to d-death…
:PaladinUNB: Stop talking. You’re only making your wound worse…
:AnnaUNB: …Fu *gurgle* oouu…
:PaladinUNB: Same goes for you.
:UnknownKAK: W-whore…
:BradfordUNB:
:UnknownKAK: …c-cu-*Cough*…t…

Insert Country matters_
>>
No. 600028 ID: d64d29

oh damn. Brad, make way for the healers.
[scan everyone]
>>
No. 600030 ID: 2fd516

>>600025
Wow, how did Anna lose? I thought she had this fight in the bag. Did she freeze up? Did she forget how to windwalk? Brad, don't do anything hasty. After the healing is all done I'm sure the rematch will be more one-sided. He'll get what's coming to him.

Let the healers do their work.
>>
No. 600036 ID: dbe554

*Bite the asshole on one of his bleeding wounds*

Oh geeze it looks like a warzone, there's blood everywhere! What the heck happened?
>>
No. 600045 ID: e1dd22

Ok I'm going to ask, the fuck happened!? The duel wasn't until tomorrow why are people fighting now? Or was it later today? Anyways it's not time to duel, so why are you guys dueling?!
>>
No. 600059 ID: 4f004c

>>600045
This is "tomorrow." We got that message yesterday. We "Left" during the night, remember?
Alright, Anna's a smart girl, even if she does get prideful at times. I'm sure she'll know to just let the healers do their job before she starts, but with the fight over as a draw, the man basically lost his attempt at revenge, so it's sort of like Anna won.
...He can't challenge her to another revenge match, can he?
>>
No. 600077 ID: 65a774
File 141485820264.png - (17.96KB , 900x450 , 14.png )
600077

>[scan everyone]
[Neutral Creature (Friendly): Order Guard.] x 4
[“The White Death” belongs to player Gray!]
[Neutral Creature (Friendly): Order Healer] x 2
[Neutral Creature (Hostile): City Guard.]

>Oh damn. Brad, make way for the healers.
:BradfordUNB: I-is she g-going to make it!?
:NikolayUNB: Not if you don’t freaking move it, hairball.
:MikhailUNB: Geez… you really need to learn how to speak with the patients.
>Wow, how did Anna lose? I thought she had this fight in the bag. Did she freeze up? Did she forget how to windwalk?
She was still too inexperienced. The guard was simply more skilled than her, and it was only the surprise that she would windwalk that tied this fight… I… she wasn’t ready… I should have trained her better…
>Oh geeze it looks like a warzone, there's blood everywhere! What the heck happened?
…He gave her a nasty slice right across her chest and face… she pay him in kind by nearly cutting his arm off…
>It's not time to duel, so why are you guys dueling?!
It’s… a bit early, yeah… apparently, they needed to get it out of the way before the royal guards came here to pick him up…

>...He can't challenge her to another revenge match, can he?
:MikhailUNB: There aren’t any rules that says he can’t. They usually end with someone dead, after all.
:UnknownKAK: T-then that b*cough*ch will die… I… I c-challenge her a-again… *cough*…
:MikhailUNB: …really? Aren’t you at least going to wait for your wounds-
:UnknownKAK: S-shut up, y-you *cough* albino freak…the whore d-deserves *cough* ugh… slut…
:MikhailUNB:You know, Brad… as she is wounded rather severely you should stand in as her champion to defend her “honor”… you know, right here and now…
:BradfordUNB:

Insert Don’t take challenges lightly_
>>
No. 600078 ID: 0ee153

"I accept." Kill him.
>>
No. 600079 ID: dbe554

I am honestly surprised he has lived this long without someone slitting his throat, either in public, or in the middle of the night, I've seen better survival tactics from those who seek suicide through battle! Bigoted asshole through and through.

Though we wouldn't mind seeing you take her place... I'm pretty sure at this point everyone wants to see him paint the snow a fancy red.
>>
No. 600083 ID: e40f86

Maybe if you spare his life he'll have a change of heart Brad.
>>
No. 600084 ID: d64d29

I don't think you should kill him now, Brad. You don't want to go down that path again. However, you could taunt him into challenging you instead of Anna. Pull out all the stops; ask if beating on women makes him feel like a man, say he's so weak can't even beat a newbie, that his brother died like a bitch and so will he- seriously twist the proverbial knife. Take plausible deniability and the moral high ground.
>>
No. 600085 ID: 26c8a4

The question is: How do we kill him? so many options
>>
No. 600086 ID: 2fd516

>>600077
Give him two options. Either he waits for her to heal fully for a fair rematch, or you stand in as her champion. If Anna gets fully healed, we may be able to guide her to victory despite the skill gap. Let's be honest here, skill can't completely overcome the windwalker advantage, so if she goes full tilt with it, he should lose the rematch. I mean, I'd prefer Anna fighting him again, if only for the combat experience.

He may simply underestimate you and accept you as her champion though, in which case use him as a lesson for Anna. Point out his moves and what he's doing so she learns while you counter them and kill him.
>>
No. 600090 ID: 9ddf68

>they needed to get it out of the way before the royal guards came here to pick him up…
wait what is this about royal guards? I honestly can't remember if we talked about them before. Anyways if this guys were coming for him to take him away doesn't that mean it did something stupid and is getting his ass arrested. Is that why he's so desperate to finish off Anna? Because he knows this is his last shot to get her before they drag him away?

>You know, Brad… as she is wounded rather severely you should stand in as her champion to defend her “honor”… you know, right here and now
There has to be a catch, we never get an easy out to a problem without something coming back to bite us in the ass.
>>
No. 600092 ID: 65a774
File 141487988699.png - (17.90KB , 900x450 , 15.png )
600092

>Anyways if this guys were coming for him to take him away doesn't that mean it did something stupid and is getting his ass arrested. Is that why he's so desperate to finish off Anna? Because he knows this is his last shot to get her before they drag him away?
Yeah, that’s exactly it. Apparently pretending to be a royal guard to get someone executed is treason. Who knew?
>I am honestly surprised he has lived this long without someone slitting his throat, either in public, or in the middle of the night, I've seen better survival tactics from those who seek suicide through battle! Bigoted asshole through and through.
Bigoted or not, I’m pretty sure it’s the blood loss and hate that’s talking right now.
>Maybe if you spare his life he'll have a change of heart Brad.
Ha! Good one! …wait, you’re serious? …um… I don’t know if I should laugh harder or feel pity for your naivety…
>The question is: How do we kill him? so many options.
…let’s keep it simple with an axe to the skull. I rather not be known as some blood crazed torture freak, alright?
>I don't think you should kill him now, Brad. You don't want to go down that path again.
…hmm…

>Give him two options. Either he waits for her to heal fully for a fair rematch, or you stand in as her champion.
:UnknownKAK: …t-this isn’t about *cough* honor… I want her dead, not *cough* you…
:UnknownKAK: Take it easy with the talking. You’re making your wound worse.
:MikhailUNB: Well, we can’t wait for you two to fully recover. The royal guards coming to arrest you will be here tomorrow at the latest and I think treason goes before some silly duel.
:UnknownKAK: No, I *cough* I… heal us quick… I dem*Cough*and vengeance!
>However, you could taunt him into challenging you instead of Anna.
:BradfordUNB: So, are you sure you won’t fight me?
:UnknownKAK: I already *cough* told you… I want her life!
:UnknownKAK: Seriously, stop talking… you’re going to bleed to death if you continue like this…
:MikhailUNB: No, let him speak his mind…
>Ask if beating on women makes him feel like a man.
:UnknownKAK: W-what? *Cough* I don’t see w-what her gender *cough* got to do with anything…
:UnknownKAK: That’s it. I’m going to force you to shut-
:MikhailUNB: Let him speak. That’s an order.
:UnknownKAK: *Cough* I mean… last time I checked *cough* ugh… last time I checked a sword will slice you just as bad no *cough* matter who is wielding it… *cough* …so… why would yo- oh gods *cough* you’re not some kind of sexist, are you? *cough* Thinking women are some weak *cough* flowers to be protected and that they can’t take care of themselves? *Cough* Urgh…
:BrandfordUNB: Um…
>Say he's so weak can't even beat a newbie.
UnknownKAK: Newbie? D-did you see *cough* that move she pulled off? That’s not some *cough*cough* urg… not… *cough*… I… … … just… *cough* …ugh… not a newbie move… at *cough*…
>That his brother died like a bitch and so will he.
:UnknownKAK: My *cough* brother was assassinated *cough* from behind… *cough*cough* he died instantly because that… that… *cough* bitch backstabbed him… *Cough*… he didn’t… didn’t *Cough* urg… *cough*cough* …I… I don’t… *cough* I… *cough*cough* urg… I… un… … …
:UnknownKAK: …his heart just stopped… are you happy now!? If you’d just let me shut him up he would have-
:MikhailUNB: That’s one problem solved. So, what’s next?
:BradfordUNB: Wait, he died just like that? …that’s a bit… anticlimactic…
:NikolayUNB: Well, this fucker seems to be fucking surviving.
:MikhailUNB: Language!
:NikolayUNB: Oh, sod it, you little git. I’m saving a fucking life her, you bloody half snowman fucker.
:MikhailUNB: Ugh… don’t tempt me to force you to run around the cathedral again.
:NikolayUNB: Fuck you, you fucking fuck fucker!
:MikhailUNB: I’m getting the feeling you’re just messing with me at this point…

Insert Talk about talking the monster to death_
>>
No. 600094 ID: 9ddf68

well I hope this doesn't come back to bite us in the ass

Anyways a few things first we're all gathering to meet with Steve in the usual place we talk to him so once everything is stable here could you head on over? Oh and we are now actively trying to make sure Jal doesn't drink so don't give him anything alcoholic, hell I don't even trust him around rubbing alcohol. Oh and uh, not sure if the guards are walking away or looking at something but either way they're all facing at something.
>>
No. 600095 ID: 2fd516

>>600092
Sounds like Anna caught him in the lung too, not just the arm.

If you think about it, Anna shutting up and letting herself get healed despite the taunting means she proved herself superior mentally. She won the duel.

Things seem stable here so we'd better go. Everything's all fucked up this morning!
[switch to Sister of Power]
>>
No. 600096 ID: dbe554

Well that's a way of ensuring he'd drown on his own blood. Never really talked someone to death before though.
>>
No. 600102 ID: d64d29

[scan pawns]
Ugh, this dickhead is going to show up as a ghost later, isn't he? Well that didn't work out how I expected it to, but hey, don't look a gift hor- uh, pack animal in the mouth.
>you bloody half snowman fucker.
...I can hardly tell what's local color and what's insulting her albinism.
Anyway, Steve's finally available to talk to, so next destination is the temple once Anna's alright. We'll gather up the others, you stay with Anna.
>>
No. 600106 ID: 65a774
File 141488797192.png - (23.13KB , 900x450 , 16.png )
600106

>If you think about it, Anna shutting up and letting herself get healed despite the taunting means she proved herself superior mentally. She won the duel.
…you mean she won the duel because she went unconscious?
>Well I hope this doesn't come back to bite us in the ass.
As everything else around here seems to be heading south… Luckily I got my hammer and axe to solve most our problems with…
>Ugh, this dickhead is going to show up as a ghost later, isn't he?
That seems very unlikely… and as I just said that it means it’s definitely going too happened, won’t it? Like those stories say, “a million in one chance got a nine out of ten chance of succeeding.”. Either way, it’s nothing that my hammer can’t handle in the end.

>Well that didn't work out how I expected it to, but hey, don't look a gift hor- uh, pack animal in the mouth.
Indeed, looking spiders in the mouth wouldn’t be recommended. Especially if they are hungry.
>...I can hardly tell what's local color and what's insulting her albinism.
I’m pretty sure he’s just a potty mouth, this… what’s he’s name again? I’ve seen him hang out with Anna and Alex in the off hours but I never really talked to him…
>Oh and we are now actively trying to make sure Jal doesn't drink so don't give him anything alcoholic, hell I don't even trust him around rubbing alcohol.
Right, don’t give alcohol to the drunk… got it… should I also destroy any alcohol he tries to drink? Say, for example, if he tries to drink some ale is it alright if I split the mug in two with my axe and consume its content so my beard can gain the strength necessary to consume the whole keg? …wait, what was the question again?
>Anyways a few things first we're all gathering to meet with Steve in the usual place we talk to him so once everything is stable here could you head on over?
Finally, I got some things I want to ask him… See you there then? I just need to make sure Anna is alright first.

>[switch to Sister of Power]
:DrinaUNB: ♪oh, you old, you free, you mountain high north~ ♫…hum hum… hum~♪… oh, my head is killing me but I don’t give a damn… heh…

Insert That’s not a walk of shame! That’s not a walk of shame at all!_
>>
No. 600107 ID: 4f004c

>don't look a gift hor- uh, pack animal in the mouth.
Spiders and raptors seem to be the pack/ride animals of this world. This country doesn't use raptors, so don't look a gift Spider in the mouth.
>Fuck you, you fucking fuck fucker!
Oh dear. Wondering if there's some corruption going on, though if there is, it could be on either end, hearing or speaking.
[Locate nearest source of corruption, locate distance to Diligence/Deceiver]
>>
No. 600108 ID: 9ddf68

well glad to see someone is happy and doing well. So how'd your date go? It seems to have gone well even without the armor.
>>
No. 600109 ID: 4f004c

>>600106
Leave for a bit to get dinner and suddenly there's an update, dangit
>Insert That’s not a walk of shame! That’s not a walk of shame at all!_
Why would she have a walk of shame? She hit it off well with the lady and formed a grand connection. It's not like she went to a pub, got drunk, and slept with the first person to say yes.
>oh, my head is killing me but I don’t give a damn… heh…
...Okay, maybe she did drink, but I'm sure that was well afterwards.
Hello, Drina. Sorry to spill a few drops of water on your parade, but we're gathering everybody to speak with Steve at the altar. Got some things to figure out, like how exactly Daemon children work, and how to raise 'em.

...No, I don't mean between him and Dooriya! Jeez, we've got another king who happens to be a Daemon child.
>>
No. 600110 ID: dbe554

Now that is a walk of victory How'd it go girl, aside from the hangover it sounds like you were treated like royalty.
>>
No. 600112 ID: d64d29

>oh, my head is killing me but I don’t give a damn… heh…
Well at least someone isn't in the middle of a disaster. Head over to the temple, Steve finally found the time to deign to speak to us.
>>
No. 600114 ID: 65a774
File 141489057528.png - (17.38KB , 900x450 , 17.png )
600114

>Well at least someone isn't in the middle of a disaster.
Hmm? Oh, why hi there, fellow squids of unknown gender…
>Now that is a walk of victory.
Heck yeah! Not only a victory, but complete curb stomp of a battle! Probably…
>So how'd your date go? It seems to have gone well even without the armor.
Oh, she was very understanding when I explained that… and why I was late thanks to my lost arm…
>Aside from the hangover it sounds like you were treated like royalty.
Oh, it was amazing… a grand dinner… fine wine and cheese… and nice, calming fire… oh, she even rewarded me for my heroism and my sacrifice of my arm! First time I’ve ever kissed a girl and it was awesome! Mmm… if only she’d kissed me somewhere… a bit…

>We're gathering everybody to speak with Steve at the altar.
Huh? What? I wasn’t- oh, right, Steve… right, on my way…
>Got some things to figure out, like how exactly Daemon children work, and how to raise 'em.
WHAT!? STEVE ALREADY GOT SIS PREGNANT!?
>...No, I don't mean between him and Dooriya! Jeez, we've got another king who happens to be a Daemon child.
Oh… oh right… geez… don’t scare me like that, dummy… but right… To Steve’s place!



:LightUNB: -and I’m terribly sorry but I was a bit stressed out… I’ll make it up to you, honeybun, don’t you worry…
:DooriyaUNB: You better! I was worried sick something was wrong!
:LightUNB: Oh, and more guests…
:BradfordUNB: So… where is Jal and Vlad?
:AlexUNB: Jal is sick and needs rest… and Vlad looked so darn cute sleeping that I didn’t have the heart waking him up.
:DrinaUNB: Cute?
:AlexUNB: I meant he needs rest too, thanks to his wound… and so do you, Drina.
:DrinaUNB: I’m fine… and Anna?
:BradfordUNB: Oh, she’s just on the brink of d-death after that duel she had…
:DrinaUNB::DooriyaUNB::AlexUNB: What!?
:LightUNB: Oh, don’t worry about her. She’s generally survives this. In fact, 80% of the loops we’ve been in she has died in the grand invasion of Derack in a few months…
:AlexUNB: The grand what!?
:LightUNB: Err… wait, forget I said that. That’s very important! I wasn’t supposed to mention that thing at all… so… um… you got questions, right? Questions that has nothing to do with the thing I just accidently blurted out… um… right?

Insert Q&A with your demon host, Steve the manipulator of dreams!_
>>
No. 600118 ID: d64d29

Is this one of those things where you lie to us so we don't end up altering the future? Because the status quo is already completely FUBAR.

Alright, we need to know about The Deceiver, your role in the daemon war- you know the one so don't be coy-, info on anyone by the name of Capital T Truth, what really happened at Svartsälv, and how to feed someone who would have died at a young age if not for daemonic influence without eating souls. Oh, and why exactly are you planning to betray us at the battle against the daemonic forces?

I feel like I'm forgetting something...
>>
No. 600119 ID: 4f004c

>fellow squids of unknown gender…
Wait, "Fellow?" Are you just saying we're fellows, or that there's somebody else of unknown gender you've met?
>In fact, 80% of the loops we’ve been in she has died in the grand invasion of Derack in a few months…
Dammit Steve, we're only several months in the past, not a few months in the future. We can't do anything about that.
>Questions that has nothing to do with the thing I just accidently blurted out… um… right?
...Considering we can't do anything, we may as well avoid that subject. It'll just cause us needless worrying, I'm sure.
Anyways, six months back, we got, or will get a king who happens to be a Daemon. We're attempting to keep him fed without having to kill anybody, but according to Diligence--his Daemon mind--he's already been living off of plain emotion for his whole life, and our presence has made his power skyrocket and require more, or else he'll starve. Is there a way to feed a Daemon that's more than just flat out emotions, but not eating people?
>>
No. 600120 ID: 9ddf68

>Questions that has nothing to do with the thing I just accidentally blurted out… um… right?
...we found a deamon named truth that told us bit and pieces of our past and of the future and as for the invasion thing, yeah we kinda knew about that already cause we have a pawn that's up there on the mountain with the crazy necromancer who ran into his future ghoul self who told us how we lost. You're not really spoiling anything, plus we know how you and your kind can see the "future" and why it keeps changing.

but yeah as for questions... how do you raise a half deamon child? I ask because we have a king somewhere else that turned out to be the kid of... what's her name, the one that liked to fuck with people's dreams and throw illusions around, I believe shape stealers are under her domain. Anyways long story short, he was able to get by living off the emotions of others and had no idea about his deamon heritage, we showed up and without us even knowing we sorta boasted his deamon powers to the point where his powers are starting to manifest and he can no longer survive on just emotions and now needs to devour souls to not starve. So any idea on how we can feed him without him tearing out someones soul and eating it like fried chicken?

Oh and we are currently sheltering 5 aliens over there as well. An orange lizard, some sort of plant creature, and three snake people. Apparently Humans, Lizards, and Mantises also live off planet as well and each have there own space traveling empire. Also all three races are at war with each other and have killed billions trying to exterminate or enslave the other two races, and now they've stumbled across this world... sorta. The plant people are from a pacifist races that are trying to learn all they can about other races so they can try to spread there message of peace to those who they believe will lesion... and destroy the planets of those who they deem to be a lost cause, which sounds bad but the one we've talked to had half of his crew butchered in front of him and he still went out of his way to save one of the people responsible so if these guys throw in the towel and decide to say fuck it and glass everything it's a last resort. And for the snake people, apparently they control the world. They found this place a while back and it was in ruins however the few people who were still alive had technology that left them in awe so they restarted the whole world in hopes of seeing everyone get back up to that level of tech and every time that fails they reset the world again. Also because of that the Deamons remember the world before the resets and that is why they can see different futures, they've already lived them. Any who one of the three snake people is basically the boss and his second in command is now trying to kill him, calm it was some tragic accident, and take over. We don't went this to happen because while he just keeps hitting the reset button until he gets something he likes she plans on basically shutting the world off, which would kill everything and I do mean everything and then scrap the world harvesting what knowledge she can from it to get 15 minutes of fame. So yeah down south we're playing baby-sitter trying to figure out how the universe works outside this world cause we're probably going to have to go fix that next while trying to make sure none of the hunters seeking the aliens find them less the damn us all and trying to shield them form being that can pretty much destroy the world at the flip of a switch, you know our average Tuesday.
>>
No. 600125 ID: 2fd516

>>600114
80%? Just tell us if she has ever survived it. We'll simply be careful with her, if she has the potential to survive. If she never survives, then we'll just have to raise her as a ghoul or whatever form of undead she wants afterwards. Keeping her out of the battle entirely is probably not an option.

Alright, first question. How do we feed a Daemon without it fully consuming people? You either know already about Daithi or it's too late for you to do anything about it, so please, we need advice. Will he have to eat people? Can he eat livestock, or drink blood, or what? Do you have any news on his current condition?

Second question. What does a fully functional Harvester even do? Near as I can tell, it's a physical simulacrum of a daemon's true body, which normally is not even visible. Does a Harvester body allow a daemon to collect emotional energy with a higher efficiency?

Third. The Benevolent One. We need to know everything about her.

Fourth. What was Bob's original purpose? We've found information about all the horrible things the daemons originally did, but his actions are conspicuously absent.

Fifth. Who does Bob care for?
>>
No. 600127 ID: 2fd516

>>600114
...hey Drina why don't you have your arm back yet? I thought it was gonna be reattached.
>>
No. 600161 ID: 4f004c

>>600127
It is reattatched, but it's also still mending itself. She has to keep it wrapped up close to her chest or else it will just fall out. She said "lost arm" not missing, and an arm you cannot use is considered "lost." Once it can be used again it will be as though she has "found" it again.
>What does a fully functional Harvester even do?
Ah, yes, that reminds me: We witnessed a Harvester along with a... Well, it looked kind of like a flying snake made of black smoke, with a black lizard skull for a head, but white horns. It looks kind of like Diligence, but bigger. Do Daemons grow quickly in this "Mortal" world? Do you know for certain--or even have a strong idea--who that Daemon is?
>>
No. 600298 ID: 65a774
File 141503349899.png - (17.58KB , 900x450 , 18.png )
600298

>Is this one of those things where you lie to us so we don't end up altering the future? Because the status quo is already completely FUBAR.
:LightUNB: Trust me, it can be worse… far worse…
>Just tell us if she has ever survived it.
:LightUNB: Well… um… let’s just say that she does have the same chances like the rest of your active pawns got.
>Alright, we need to know about The Deceiver.
:LightUNB: Ah, that old witch… well, she’s good at deceiving people... in fact, we’ve never actually figured out what her grand plan really is… or if she even have one, because so far she’s never really done anything… that we know of, at least. I… um… don’t really know what else to tell you… unless you have any questions about specifics?
>your role in the daemon war- you know the one so don't be coy.
:LightUNB: The old war? Well… um… I did some bad stuff back then but that was before we awoke so… err… we didn’t really have a choice back then…

>info on anyone by the name of Capital T Truth.
:LightUNB: …wait, Truth!? You found Truth? But… I thought they… um… see, the gods made Truth to make the whole war thing they had going on a bit more… “interesting”. He would be an opponent that should be able to predict most of your moves and anticipated what your plan was, thus giving you a real challenge to conquer. But… um… he went mad and started screaming something about the god’s extinction and they took him away. Since then he’s been… well… gone.
>What was Bob's original purpose? We've found information about all the horrible things the daemons originally did, but his actions are conspicuously absent.
:LightUNB: Well, he imprisons daemons. That’s always been what he’s done.
> Who does Bob care for?
:LightUNB: I can’t say. He’s rather… um… quiet about personal things. I’m not even sure he cares about anyone.
> Oh, and why exactly are you planning to betray us at the battle against the daemonic forces?
:LightUNB: …what? Why would I betray you? My main motivation is to keep this world a world that Dooriya and I can live happily in, and I’m pretty sure your goals have a similar end point.

>How do you raise a half deamon child?
:LightUNB: Oh, don’t worry. I’ll become completely mortal so there won’t be any daemon blood going around… in fact, I’m pretty sure a half daemon hybrid is impossible.
>I ask because we have a king somewhere else that turned out to be the kid of the Deceiver.
:LightUNB: …wait, what? That’s new… and the Deceiver? That’s… shouldn’t be possible but… um… what is she up too?
>How do we feed a Daemon without it fully consuming people?
:LightUNB: Um… it should be able to survive on emotions alone but… err… if it’s not enough because it’s using too much of its power or something then… err… I can recommend that it eats people that amoral… you know bandits and stuff… or even better, cultist and demonspawns.
>Will he have to eat people? Can he eat livestock, or drink blood, or what?
:LightUNB: Sorry but… um… it’s the whole emotion thing. We were made to feed on highly sentient creatures, that is to say, mortals. Animals aren’t enough… nor is blood or flesh. It has to be the life of the person, so to speak.
>What does a fully functional Harvester even do?
:LightUNB: Oh, it a physical form for a daemon to take on this side. It’s mostly just flesh for us to move around in but… um… I would recommend if you kept anyone that wasn’t a pawn or very strong willed away from them. They will probably be able to consume anyone foolish enough to even come close that’s not protected.
:BradfordUNB: So… if can eat anyone that gets close and become more powerful?
:LightUNB: Yeah, that’s about it.
:BradfordUNB: …well, we’re screwed then if one of those things get into a city…
:LightUNB: Luckily they was never able to make one work.

>Oh and we are currently sheltering 5 aliens over there as well.
:LightUNB: …you’re what? Oh, That’s the whole “god descending” thing Bob was on about… wait, five? Just how many-
>Apparently Humans, Lizards, and Mantises also live off planet as well and each have their own space traveling empire. Also all three races are at war with each other and have killed billions trying to exterminate or enslave the other two races, and now-
:LightUNB: I- but- wha-
>(Lots and lots about aliens and stuff…)
:LightUNB:
> you know our average Tuesday.
:LightUNB: …if that’s your average Tuesday, I don’t want to know what happens on special occasions! I mean, shit… that’s… I don’t even… shit…

>What really happened at Svartsälv.
:LightUNB: Um… well… there was this demon manifestation that happened there and… um… sucked the souls out of the people and… well… that’s the thing we’re trying to stop, no?
:DooriyaUNB: …Steve… I know when you’re lying.
:LightUNB: Oh… I… of course, Dooriya, it’s just… um… a few for the many, right?
:BradfordUNB: Wha-
:LightUNB: Next question!
>We witnessed a Harvester along with a... Well, it looked kind of like a flying snake made of black smoke, with a black lizard skull for a head, but white horns.
:LightUNB: Wait, you actually saw… you can’t have…
:DrinaUNB: Well, I’m pretty sure they just had a vision of it.
:LightUNB: …vision, as in…
:BradfordUNB: They were able to describe a Death knight before we met one yesterday.
:LightUNB: …so you’re telling me, not only do they have a functioning harvester, they can also manifest without a host body!!? That’s… I… but… by the old corpses of the gods of yesteryear… I don’t… oh… I think… I think we might be screwed then…
:BradfordUNB: …err… aren’t you a bit pessimistic?
:LightUNB: If what you’re say is true then they can mass produce weapons that can create massive destruction with just their pinky. That we’re on thin ice is putting it lightly.

Insert No need to worry, it’s probably just a super prototype without any blueprints_
>>
No. 600300 ID: 2fd516

>>600298
Why is this all a surprise to you? Shouldn't most of this have happened in previous cycles?

Oh, and Truth is dead, by the way. He had become obsessed with the idea that death is the only true freedom, and gave us a bunch of dubious information in exchange for us killing him. I am positive this has never happened in any previous cycle, because we never had the means to kill a Daemon before. He also told us you want to tell us the truth, Steve. What are you keeping from us? If the rebel daemons can mass produce Harvester bodies then you're going to need our help more than ever.

We want peace. Between daemons and mortals. Between the daemon factions. Between the aliens warring beyond this game.

What daemons has Bob imprisoned? The only daemons we've ever heard of are active ones, which obviously means they aren't in daemon jail.
>>
No. 600305 ID: 9ddf68

>if that’s your average Tuesday, I don’t want to know what happens on special occasions! I mean, shit… that’s… I don’t even… shit
since time is skewed to hell for us I base days of the week off of how far we are in our adventures. Example I start with Saturday, since Saturday is usually a day you do nothing but hang out with friends I use that for when we first arrive somewhere and start meeting the people we'll be working with since at that point we don't know anything really and are just trying to get our legs under us.

Sunday is more or less the same thing but we also start learning about the people we'll be fighting

Monday is usually when we've met everyone we're going to meet that's on our team and we start actively try to find out what we can about our opponents.

Tuesday is when we find out who are opponents are, what there goals are (at least generally), and what happens should we fail

Wednesday is when we actually start making progress to stopping our opponent's plans and the real fighting begins

Thursday is when we are rushing to complete our goals while stopping or at least slowing the enemies and they're doing the same. Basically a race to gain an advantage for the next day

Friday is the final fight and whoever did better on Thursday has the advantage and that's usually not us. And like Friday once the final fight is over things calm down again and it's like we're back on a weekend.

>Oh… I… of course, Dooriya, it’s just… um… a few for the many, right
so you threw the town to the wolves to satisfy the deamons that broke through and sent them back or did you or one of your allies eat the town to gain enough power to throw the deamon back?

>If what you’re say is true then they can mass produce weapons that can create massive destruction with just their pinky. That we’re on thin ice is putting it lightly.
Ah so we moved up to Thursday around here then? The enemy has a plan it's trying to complete for the final battle Friday. That just means we have to find a way to sabotage it or counter it. Steve tell us what you know about harvesters? If these things are as powerful as you say they have to use up a ton of power, any way we could starve them? Also from the harvesters we've seen a lot of work goes into making the damn things so even if they are on an assembly line if we can find where they're being made we could burn the place to the ground, hell maybe even find out how they're making them. And again if these things are as strong as you say there are they would have to have on hell of an energy spike, think there could be a way for us to track it to narrow down where to search? Safe bet is it's near the mountain that gives off the light show, and that means it's surrounded by an army of undead and whatever else the deamons have thrown in to spice up there defense. Well we'd have to find were exactly where the deamons are holding everything first before we can really do anything but we do have a man on the inside... it's just that we can't really jump to him whenever he wants since he 1)about 6 months in the past and 2) currently inside the mountain that has so much freaking energy flying around that time itself is twisted like a monkey knot.
>>
No. 600306 ID: 4f004c

>…if that’s your average Tuesday, I don’t want to know what happens on special occasions!
Oh, you know, millions of undead abominations swarming the city our pawns happen to be in. Fun times, that. Especially when we get giant flying metal chariots dropping pillars of light to smite every bit of organic tissue in the city because it happens to be overrun with undead, so we have to worry about keeping our pawns out of the pillars as well as out of the hands of the undead!
>If what you’re say is true then they can mass produce weapons that can create massive destruction with just their pinky. That we’re on thin ice is putting it lightly.
Well, clearly our only option is to help out our alien friends so they can send those giant metal vessels with their pillars of organic obliteration to deal with the harvesters, and make our normal Tuesday into a holiday.
That, or hope to the gods beyond that Elizah brought her dagger with her, considering it can ERASE anything Daemon, and hope that Harvesters still count.
[Message Rose: I don't suppose the Dagger was brought along? According to The Lightbringer, our official status is "Royally Screwed"--and not in the way Elizah is fond of--due to the weapon we foresaw the enemy bringing, and only that dagger will be able to fix the situation.]
But, wait, if that "Harvester" is in fact The Magician, we can't just go killing him, either. He happens to be our king, after all. I suppose it's also possible that it's The Lady In Green, who has a non-functioning Harvester, possibly now made to work thanks to the Aliens, traveling with Diligence, but that would suggest something happened to The Magician, since Diligence was a part of him.
Hmm, would the stationary Harvesters be as dangerous as normal Harvesters if made able to move?
>>
No. 600307 ID: 2fd516

>>600306
The Debug Dagger was summoned to our pawns in Daithi's period. We can probably just ask the system for it again if we want it in this time period.
>>
No. 600308 ID: d64d29

>…what? Why would I betray you?
Oracle said the one who would betray us is 'one who we trusted, one we no longer trust' or something to that effect. Anyway you said 'what' instead of 'how' so I guess our prime suspect is still Green.
>he went mad and started screaming something about the god’s extinction and they took him away. Since then he’s been… well… gone.
Weelllll he was right. He was locked in some non-elucidian dungeon that we were led to, and we have it on good authority that the gods died millennia ago. He... well, begged us to kill, or 'free' him as he put it, and we couldn't leave until we did. We've been getting that kind of request from a lot of things created by the gods.
>a few for the many, right?
You sacrificed the town to contain the demons?
> I think we might be screwed then…
[spawn debug dagger] Did that work?

>…if that’s your average Tuesday, I don’t want to know what happens on special occasions! I mean, shit… that’s… I don’t even… shit…
CARE BEARS. But seriously, sometimes you just have to learn to stop worrying and love the bomb.

Hmm, now THAT would fix this mess.
>>
No. 600309 ID: 2fd516

>>600308
'one who we trusted, one we no longer trust' describes Bob more than Steve.
>>
No. 600313 ID: d63800

>>600309
But we never really trusted Bob in the first place, we were always a bit suspicious of him, but with Steve we all took a liking to him until we discovered that he was once one of the bad guys.
>>
No. 600381 ID: 65a774
File 141512379218.png - (18.17KB , 900x450 , 19.png )
600381

>Why is this all a surprise to you? Shouldn't most of this have happened in previous cycles?
:LightUNB: You’ve probably already figured out that this cycle is very different from the rest… and something tells me this will be the last, even if we don’t want it to be.
>Weelllll he was right.
:LightUNB: Obviously. They are all dead, after all.
>Oh, and Truth is dead, by the way. He had become obsessed with the idea that death is the only true freedom, and gave us a bunch of dubious information in exchange for us killing him.
:LightUNB: Being imprisoned and probably tortured into madness then death would be an preferable escape… though, if you “killed” him, then why haven’t he returned to our realm?
>We want peace. Between daemons and mortals. Between the daemon factions. Between the aliens warring beyond this game.
:LightUNB: I want a peaceful world where I can live with my love, so we’re on the same side here.
>What daemons has Bob imprisoned?
:LightUNB: Mostly rebels and other daemons too dangerous to let loose. No one you would know.
>But seriously, sometimes you just have to learn to stop worrying and love the bomb.
:AlexUNB: Yeah, Jal already tried that. It didn’t end well.
:DrinaUNB: …wait, he did what!?
:AlexUNB: He was drunk. Luckily the thing didn’t go off… but apparently some of those oil they use are rather irritating to get in certain places.
:DrinaUNB: Either way, ew…

>Oracle said the one who would betray us is 'one who we trusted, one we no longer trust' or something to that effect.
:LightUNB: Hmmm… Who you trust but no longer? Who was it that you stopped trusting when you ventured into… wherever he was?
>Hmm, would the stationary Harvesters be as dangerous as normal Harvesters if made able to move?
:LightUNB: No, they would be not… in fact, they can already move. The problem lies in that we can’t possess them properly. At least, not how we’re supposed to do on paper.
>Steve tell us what you know about harvesters? If these things are as powerful as you say they have to use up a ton of power, any way we could starve them?
:LightUNB: …that’s one way... Actually, those things would need a lot of food even to move around which…
:DooriyaUNB: Which means they need supplies! They need those undead feeder things they’ve created!
:LightUNB: And there’s a weakness… if he can hit them and destroy their food source before they can get to a populated area we might have a chance!
>If these things are as strong as you say there are they would have to have on hell of an energy spike, think there could be a way for us to track it to narrow down where to search?
:LightUNB: Indeed, they shouldn’t be that hard to track one down. I already got a hunch of where they will originate.
:BradfordUNB: The mountain?
:LightUNB: Indeed…
>That, or hope to the gods beyond that Elizah brought her dagger with her, considering it can ERASE anything Daemon, and hope that Harvesters still count.
:LightUNB: …wait, erase? As in… that’s why Truth didn’t… but… I thought… Bob was telling the truth?
>[spawn debug dagger] Did that work?
:LightUNB: AAAH!!! GET THAT THING AWAY FROM ME!!!
:AlexUNB: Whoa! Talk about a reaction…
:DrinaUNB: It’s just knife, you dork.
:DooriyaUNB: Don’t worry, I won’t let it near you.
:LightUNB: Put it away… PUT IT AWAY!!

>He also told us you want to tell us the truth, Steve. What are you keeping from us?
:LightUNB: Wha- no, I’m not-
:DrinaUNB: You know… we got something that will make you talk right here now…
:LightUNB: DON’T YOU DA-
:DooriyaUNB: As I said, I’ll keep the dagger away from you… if you tell the truth, Steve… I know that you’re hiding something…
>so you threw the town to the wolves to satisfy the daemons that broke through and sent them back or did you or one of your allies eat the town to gain enough power to throw the daemon back?
:LightUNB: Well… err… s-something like that… y-yeah…
>You sacrificed the town to contain the demons?
:LightUNB: You k-know… few life to save m-many…
:AlexUNB: You ate the town, didn’t you?
:LightUNB: … … …yes…
:DrinaUNB: WHAT!? YOU KILLED ALL THOSE PEOPLE!?
:LightUNB: You see… um… The Righteous one had already created a large undead army… and had already taken out the towns near the mountain range…
:DrinaUNB: Don’t even dare trying to justify those murders, you psychopath!
:DooriyaUNB: Sis! Please!
:LightUNB: No, she’s right... it was rather heartless of me but… um… he was already marching it toward the capital and the king had ignored all my warnings. If he had reached it millions would have died… that’s why I used the town as a sacrifice to enact the anti-undead shield all around the mountain. To keep him in. Oh, and I fried most of his army to boot…
:DrinaUNB: You’re still a monster!
:DooriyaUNB: While it was something horrible to do, it did save lives, didn’t it? I’ve had to make such decisions myself, so I understand… just never at that scale, of course.
:DrinaUNB: What!? How can you side with… with that thing!
:AlexUNB: He did something stupid because he was desperate. Big deal. Sure, there might have been a better way but he did save lives…
:DrinaUNB: You too? Bradford!? You’re with me, right?
:BradfordUNB: …if what he says is true then it was necessary…
:DrinaUNB: …you manipulating son of a-
:DooriyaUNB: SIS!
:DrinaUNB: I knew I wouldn’t trust you!
:LightUNB: AAH!!
:DooriyaUNB: Sis… let go of the knife!
:DrinaUNB: Get out of my way! I need to end that monster!
:AlexUNB: God dammit… why can we never have a normal day anymore?

Insert Bugging out_
>>
No. 600385 ID: 2fd516

>>600381
Brad, please get that knife away from her, and keep it safe. Man, it's all glitchy now... Steve, why didn't you believe Bob? On that subject, we asked who Bob cared for, because Truth said Bob only wishes to help those he cares for. I am worried about his goals, but he has been in a position to stop us several times now and chose to help us instead. He's earned some measure of trust from us, but I want to be sure he won't interfere at some crucial moment.

Alright Steve, you made a hard choice. However, there is almost always an alternative to sacrifice. That is something we've learned in our adventures. I don't think you made the best choice, but you didn't make the wrong choice. I forgive you. ...that was something else Truth said we had to do to save the world. We have to forgive the daemons. We have to show them mercy.

Okay it's becoming very obvious that Green will betray us, but we can't turn against Green either because we can't win without his help. So, what do we do? Cooperate with him, but prepare for his betrayal? Outmaneuver him while using him as an asset?

Drina, do you have the command experience to judge Steve for his actions? You're dating a military lady. Maybe you should ask her if that choice was justified, next time you're with her. You trust her, right? We should only use that dagger if it's absolutely necessary. Killing daemons could mean the end of the world.
>>
No. 600389 ID: 9ddf68

>[despawn debug dagger]
yeah this is getting a little out of hand.

Steve, you fucked up but there's not much point in making a big deal about something that can't be changed and we can properly deal with this once we get things settled around here and don't have to worry about undead eating our faces. Plus he still is the only thing that is keeping the undead barriers up which is actually giving us enough breathing room to act. If those go the town might not fall but all of our effort then would be trying to drive back the undead letting the cultist up in the mountain have free rain over there harvester project and if they get that thing going then we're all fucked. Oh and Steve, I know you're trying to help and I know that by doing so you're going agaist what you were made to do but you should really try and lay off the deamon magic that needs souls to run. I mean the village, Dooryia's arm, I know you have good intentions but if you truly want to try and be mortal you have to try and think they way they do. To them using souls isn't just some kindling to put a little more fire behind a spell, they are people, and not just people but everything that person is. To destroy a soul is to not only destroy a person but essentially erase everything that about that person. It's not something you just do, for any reason if you can help it. I'm saying this because if you keep acting like you have been, others who once followed you may start to leave you if they feel you've become what they are fighting to stop, or might even turn on you like Drina.

>Hmmm… Who you trust but no longer? Who was it that you stopped trusting when you ventured into… wherever he was?
Green was on our watch list. He's playing for himself and I don't believe he really cares which side wins, he's just looking out for his pawns and himself. Then again Truth did say that he was going to betray us but if he didn't then we would surely lose so I'm just kinda ignoring him until he makes the first move, keeping an eye on his pawns though whenever they are within line of sight.
>>
No. 600392 ID: d64d29

Drina, you know better than to try and kill your way to peace or a better world. If you think his reasoning is bad, then you shouldn't be killing anyone either. You can't save them now, all you can do is keep an eye on him and pray you never have to make a similar call.

That dagger, if we understand it correctly, completely removes the target from existence, possibly even if the world resets. Please don't wield it so carelessly around your sister. We have faith in Steve's intentions, but what he did is exactly the kind of thing we're worried about; unintended consequences and the ends no longer justifying the means.

> Who was it that you stopped trusting when you ventured into… wherever he was?
Green initially kidnapped Brad, so we never really trusted him, plus we learned about the prophetic betrayal relatively early. Grey is kind of like your middleman, and he didn't really come up as a possibility. Red is nowhere to be found, and we haven't lost any trust for Pink. The daemons who we're fighting can't exactly betray us if we're on opposing sides, unless Oracle prophesied we'd switch sides and be stabbed in the back, which is so nonsensical I don't even know why I mentioned it. That only leaves Bob, but he barely fits the bill.
>What!? How can you side with… with that thing!
Convenience and necessity. Honestly all demons have been various shades of terrible, from having no respect for life, to lying, to just having an ego inflated like a Serath airship. He's not a saint, but he's the best ally we can get.
> Bob was telling the truth?
see, if you don't trust Bob, how can we?
> God dammit… why can we never have a normal day anymore?
What would you do with one if you ever had one?
>>
No. 600397 ID: 4f004c

Um, okay, that knife got really strange since we last saw it. Drina, please PUT THAT THING DOWN. The way it is right now, it's as likely to kill US as it is Steve. We need to fix it before we can use it safely to do anything!
>>
No. 600459 ID: 65a774
File 141520984037.png - (17.89KB , 900x450 , 20.png )
600459

>Drina, please PUT THAT THING DOWN. The way it is right now, it's as likely to kill US as it is Steve.
:DrinaUNB: …that might be a necessary sacrifice…
:AlexUNB: *Cough* Hypocrite *cough*
:DrinaUNB: Huh? I only-
>Drina, you know better than to try and kill your way to peace or a better world. If you think his reasoning is bad, then you shouldn't be killing anyone either.
:DrinaUNB: I… oh sod… I almost did the same thing he did…
>[despawn debug dagger]
:DrinaUNB: Hey, where did the dagger go!? …never mind… fine, I’ll let you live, Steve… for now… but I got my eyes on you!

>Alright Steve, you made a hard choice. However, there is almost always an alternative to sacrifice.
:LightUNB: Almost, yes… but there will be times when it’s necessary for sacrifices… I do hope you understand that, because in the end it might be the thing that’s standing in the way of a better world. While I regret doing what I did, I know it was necessary.
>That is something we've learned in our adventures. I don't think you made the best choice, but you didn't make the wrong choice. I forgive you.
:LightUNB: I am grateful that you’re willing to see the world beyond black and white.
>I know you're trying to help and I know that by doing so you're going against what you were made to do but you should really try and lay off the daemon magic that needs souls to run. I mean the village, Dooryia's arm, I know you have good intentions but if you truly want to try and be mortal you have to try and think the way they do.
:LightUNB: …maybe you’re right. I’ve tried my best to not use my magic, but sadly it is necessary for our survival.
>To destroy a soul is to not only destroy a person but essentially erase everything that about that person.
:LightUNB: …I’ve always been fascinated on how you treat the concept of the soul. Do you not realize that it’s is destroyed if you die a normal death too? The only different is that we use the energy that it generate when it break apart to power our powers, otherwise soul consuming and a normal death is the same.
:AlexUNB: …wait, what about the afterlife?
:LightUNB: Doesn’t exist. Your soul falls apart when you die and spreads itself all over the world, thus creating new life when it combine itself with parts of other peoples souls. If we’re going by religion then the… I can’t remember what’s it’s called but the Amun believe in it… either way, their belief of reincarnation is probably the closes thing… except for being born as a new person, you’ll be a part of several different living things.
:AlexUNB: No afterlife? …I… that’s… that’s kind of scary, isn’t it?
>I'm saying this because if you keep acting like you have been, others who once followed you may start to leave you if they feel you've become what they are fighting to stop, or might even turn on you like Drina.
:LightUNB: That’s part of the Righteous ones plan. Force me to become a monster.
>Convenience and necessity. Honestly all demons have been various shades of terrible, from having no respect for life, to lying, to just having an ego inflated like a Serath airship. He's not a saint, but he's the best ally we can get.
:DrinaUNB: …I’m sure he is…

>Steve, why didn't you believe Bob?
:LightUNB: If someone came and told you pink invisible sea unicorns that farts rainbows existed, would you believe him?
>Truth said Bob only wishes to help those he cares for. I am worried about his goals, but he has been in a position to stop us several times now and chose to help us instead.
:LightUNB: Hmm… Well, Bob is kind of a black sheep of the “family”… he’s never actually held any real contempt for you guys, no matter what he says otherwise.
>see, if you don't trust Bob, how can we?
:LightUNB: Oh, I trust him, I just didn’t believe him at the moment.
>Okay it's becoming very obvious that Green will betray us, but we can't turn against Green either because we can't win without his help. So, what do we do?
:LightUNB: …let him betray you and then kicks his ass? Maybe he’s betrayal will give you an opening to hit the Righteous one where it hurts?

>What would you do with one if you ever had a normal day?
:AlexUNB: I don’t know… I haven’t had a real normal day in ages… hmm… how about just taking it easy? Eating a good dinner… drink some wine and eat some cheese in front of a warm fire… that sounds nice, doesn’t it? I should probably hang out with Vladimir a bit… I got some wine I want to share with him.
:BradfordUNB: …dinner and wine with Vlad? That’s sounds mysteriously almost like a date to me.
:AlexUNB: Oh, shut it Brad. I liked you more when you were just grumpy instead of snarky.
:DrinaUNB: Yeah, you’re stealing my thing. In fact, I was going to comment on it if I wasn’t distracted with my burning hate for that shining pig… ah, screw it, I’ll comment on it anyway! Alex so wants to tap that kids butt!
:AlexUNB: It’s Alexandra and I don’t want to “tap that”!
:DooriyaUNB: So you want to be tapped instead?
:AlexUNB: Not you too! Ugh… that’s it, I’m leaving.

Insert Alex and Vlad sitting in a tree… F-U-C-_
>>
No. 600463 ID: 6e79d4

[check pawn status]

>…that might be a necessary sacrifice…
> but there will be times when it’s necessary for sacrifices…
Oracle said as much. There's a chance we'll need to off ourselves or something in the future to maintain the stability of the world.
> If someone came and told you pink invisible sea unicorns that farts rainbows existed, would you believe him?
*coughpizzaelementalscough*
Some crazy dude on the street? No. Long time ally known for his detached politeness and near pathological lack of emotional response? Well something is certainly wrong.
>Your soul falls apart when you die and spreads itself all over the world, thus creating new life when it combine itself with parts of other peoples souls
...what happens if all the soul pieces come back together again? Where do ghosts and such enter the picture?
> Maybe he’s betrayal will give you an opening to hit the Righteous one where it hurts?
We were thinking we get betrayed AFTER we win the battle. The dagger would make a great secret weapon in that respect, though.

>… ah, screw it, I’ll comment on it anyway! Alex so wants to tap that kids butt!
HEY! now you're stealing OUR thing!
>>
No. 600473 ID: 9ddf68

> No afterlife? …I… that’s… that’s kind of scary, isn’t it?
from what we've seen when someone dies their soul goes to a giant ball of souls which is actually called something but hell if I can remember the name and is supposedly the source of all magic. That's what we were told when we got there anyways, also that's where we come from.

>If someone came and told you pink invisible sea unicorns that farts rainbows existed, would you believe him?
THOSE FUCKERS ARE BACK!!! DAMIT I THOUGHT WE FINISHED THEM OFF FOR GOOD LAST TIME
...
...
...
Ah, I'm just fucking with you, But keep in mind that we're invisible teal squids that constantly play match maker so it's not to far from the realm of possibilities.

>That’s part of the Righteous ones plan. Force me to become a monster.
so was this something that happened in a past life or is this just something you figured out?

>Not you too! Ugh… that’s it, I’m leaving.
you realize the only way to get everyone to stop is to either find someone else for Vlad to fall for or just say fuck it and start dating.
>>
No. 600476 ID: 2fd516

>>600459
I'd like to note here that the afterlife used to exist. Then we destroyed it because it was tied to a super powerful reality-altering artifact that nearly wiped out all life in the universe like three separate times, and was sparking smaller wars like wildfires. So yes, we're familiar with the concept of sacrifice for the greater good. Even if it's a fucking huge sacrifice.

Oh, Steve, maybe it's time we started discussing the endgame. Truth said it is possible to both seal the gate and send through enough undead so the daemons don't starve. So I'm asking you, how do we do that? I know we will need a lot of corpses. Unfortunately, the big battle in Serath resulted with all the corpses being burned, so we're way behind on our quota. Do you think the battles here will produce enough corpses to achieve this objective? The paladins aren't burning bodies, right?

Guys, quit teasing Alexandra. She is trying to go slow with Vlad because he's not comfortable with his sexuality. If the dates were officially dates then it'd ruin everything. She's doing the right thing, even if she doesn't want to admit she's doing anything at all.

[@Rose: Steve seems totally legit. Want us to relay any questions to him?]
[@Green: Do you have any questions for Steve? We're having a chat with him. Like you said, dubious information is still information.]
>>
No. 600486 ID: dbe554

>>600476

That wasn't so much an afterlife as it was six billion or so souls stuck in an eternal screaming horror after being fed on by the sins/device.

Also who here agree's Drina should not have access to the immortal killing blade until she's able to get over her eternal hatred of things before she ends up killing her sister for good because of some cliched issue.
>>
No. 600487 ID: 65a774
File 141522555503.png - (17.82KB , 900x450 , 21.png )
600487

>[check pawn status]
[“The Savage” Status: Worried. “The hunter” Status: In pain, depressed, sleeping, in need of a hug. “The priest” Status: Annoyed. “The Alchemist” Status: Depressed, Sick, Sleeping. “Sister of Wisdom” Status: Worried. “Sister of Power” Status: Angry, scared. “The Valkyrie” Status: Mortally wounded.]
>[@Rose: Steve seems totally legit. Want us to relay any questions to him?]
[Rose: We’ve already spoken, so no. But thank you for remembering to ask me, it’s nice to know that you care.]
>[@Green: Do you have any questions for Steve? We're having a chat with him. Like you said, dubious information is still information.]
[Green: I don’t need to know anything from that incubus…]

>THOSE FUCKERS ARE BACK!!! DAMIT I THOUGHT WE FINISHED THEM OFF FOR GOOD LAST TIME!
:LightUNB: WAIT, WHAT!? THEY ARE-
>Ah, I'm just fucking with you, But keep in mind that we're invisible teal squids that constantly play match maker so it's not too far from the realm of possibilities.
:LightUNB: Oh… oh, right, of course… I don’t know why I even believed you there for a second…
>I'd like to note here that the afterlife used to exist. Then we destroyed it because it was tied to a super powerful reality-altering artifact that nearly wiped out all life in the universe like three separate times, and was sparking smaller wars like wildfires.
:AlexUNB: Wait, you destroyed the afterlife?
:LightUNB: Nah, they are just messing with us. Like with the unicorns. Don’t mind them.

>Oracle said as much. There's a chance we'll need to off ourselves or something in the future to maintain the stability of the world.
:LightUNB: Kill yourself? Um… that was a bit more extreme then I meant but… yeah…
>Some crazy dude on the street? No. Longtime ally known for his detached politeness and near pathological lack of emotional response? Well something is certainly wrong.
:LightUNB: …when you say it like that… yeah, I should have believed him… does that mean he was telling the truth about him throwing one of your king a birthday party too? With hats and everything?
>...what happens if all the soul pieces come back together again?
:LightUNB: Absolutely nothing special? It’s just energy, not memories or a person or anything.
>Where do ghosts and such enter the picture?
:LightUNB: In places with a lot of unformed soul energy… that is to say places with a lot of magic residue, like up here, because that’s what magic is, souls that hasn’t been properly infused yet with-
:DrinaUNB: Get on with it!
:LightUNB: Err… right… anyway, Ghost are… well, imprints of people memories on the soul energy… when these imprints are powerful enough, that is to say either because a horrified death or a lot of emotions, like say anger, it will create an image of the person before their death. If there enough energy they can even manipulate the world around them to an extent, thus why Bradford here exist. He got so much range bottle up it’s just a matter of time before he explodes like a volcano.
>so was this something that happened in a past life or is this just something you figured out?
:LightUNB: It’s happen more than once… that’s how I usually lose. That or I’m too careful doing the things that will brand me a monster.

>You realize the only way to get everyone to stop is to either find someone else for Vlad to fall for…
:AlexUNB: What? I’m not playing cupid with Vlad!
>Or just say fuck it and start dating.
:DooriyaUNB: I think you said that grammatically wrong, Voices. It’s HIM, not IT… and you should remove SAY too…
:AlexUNB: Huh? What are you blabbering ab- Dooriya! The hell!?
:DooriyaUNB: I’m just saying. It’s a sure way to his heart.
:AlexUNB: Ugh… I’m pretty sure ladies shouldn’t do that before their first date!
:DrinaUNB: …I don’t get it.
:BradfordUNB: Be glad that you don’t.
>Guys, quit teasing Alexandra. She is trying to go slow with Vlad because he's not comfortable with his sexuality. If the dates were officially dates then it'd ruin everything. She's doing the right thing, even if she doesn't want to admit she's doing anything at all.
:AlexUNB: Exactly… wait, I mean no! That’s not it at all! I’m not trying to woo him or… anything like that! He’s just a kid! I want an adult, someone more mature!
>Oh, Steve, maybe it's time we started discussing the endgame. Truth said it is possible to both seal the gate and send through enough undead so the daemons don't starve. So I'm asking you, how do we do that?
:LightUNB: …hmm, I have no idea at the moment… but… I’ll discuss it with the others.
>I know we will need a lot of corpses. Unfortunately, the big battle in Serath resulted with all the corpses being burned, so we're way behind on our quota. Do you think the battles here will produce enough corpses to achieve this objective? The paladins aren't burning bodies, right?
:LightUNB: Sorry, but as this is undead country we have to pretty much burn everyone. But I’ll see what I can do… I need to discuss this with the others first though.
:BradfordUNB: So… what’s our mission for today?
:LightUNB: Hmm? Why would I give you a mission?
:BradfordUNB: …because you’ve always given us a mission before? And I long to bash some heads in…
:LightUNB: …Brad, half your group is gravely wounded, both mentally and physically. The other is no fit to fight except you. If you want a mission then fine, how about all of you take a day off for once. You’ve earned it.
:BradfordUNB: …so no undead head bashing?
:LightUNB: No undead head bashing.
:BradfordUNB: Aw…

Insert Woo! Spring break!_
>>
No. 600488 ID: 9ddf68

>Nah, they are just messing with us. Like with the unicorns. Don’t mind them.
~yup, exactly~ heeheeheeheehee, you know it's getting kind of fun now that no one believes us

hey alex, you were the last one to see Vlad right? Cause right now when we ping his stats we're getting Status: In pain, depressed, sleeping, in need of a hug. might want to send someone to check on him. Hell if no one here needs us I think we'll go check on him.

Brad can you go make sure Anna's fine, we'll stop by later once we're sure Vlad isn't dying.

Oh and Steve, if you find anything out about how the cultist are supplying there harvester project let us know well you? Since we're going to probably be involved in some way in stopping them since the harvesters will fuck all of us if they come online.
>>
No. 600499 ID: 2fd516

>>600487
Anna's condition is still "Mortally wounded". Shouldn't the medics have stabilized her by now? Alex, do you think you could see if there's anything you can do to help? Also, if you really don't want to date Vlad, despite seemingly wanting to spend a bunch of time with him, you can at least help him come to terms with his sexuality. Or maybe...
Hmm. Let's shake things up a bit. Drina, did you have any unpleasant experiences while growing up as a homosexual? Maybe you can help Vlad out by telling him how you got through it.

Brad, I'm sure you want to check on Anna so go do that regardless of if the medics can handle her current condition unaided. Psst, do you have feelings for her or is she more like a daughter to you?

Steve, which of our kings was Bob talking about? Because it might very well happen/have happened.
[@Green: Incubus? Do you have previous experience with him?]
>>
No. 600504 ID: 6e79d4

>Ugh… I’m pretty sure ladies shouldn’t do that before their first date!
*coughthebarcough*
Blah blah gender technicalities blah go check on him you're the medical professional.
>He’s just a kid! I want an adult, someone more mature!
That 'kid' was thrust into a war for the fate of the world after his family was slaughtered by the undead, forcing him to kill them again before burning down his childhood home, and then he joined, fought, and bled for a pseudo holy order that might just be the only thing standing in the way of a demonic invasion. I'd say he might not have the chance to grow up, but I know it's already happened.

> …so no undead head bashing?
...what do people do for fun around here?
>>
No. 600505 ID: 4f004c

>…wait, what about the afterlife?
>Doesn’t exist.
>No afterlife? …I… that’s… that’s kind of scary, isn’t it?
Something to understand about the Daemons: They aren't gods. They're immortals of immense power, but they have no power to create, see, or destroy any form of afterlife. It's possible that an afterlife exists, but it is beyond the vision of any living entity if it does.
Besides, it's totally your mind that goes to an afterlife, not your soul. If your mind didn't go, you wouldn't even remember anything!
>If someone came and told you pink invisible sea unicorns that farts rainbows existed, would you believe him?
...For the most part, it would depend on who was saying it, but invisible and pink? That part is the only portion I truly have trouble believing to be possible, considering they contradict one another.
>But keep in mind that we're invisible teal squids
...Oh right. Invisible under normal circumstances, but colored when visible.
>[Green: I don’t need to know anything from that incubus…]
[Reply: "Needing to know" something from an entity and learning from them are two different things, but I'll take that as a no. Of note, however: he's willing to destroy villages to defeat his enemies. Scary thought, that.]
>I don’t know why I even believed you there for a second…
Because we've seen some crazy shit and you've seen evidence that a lot of it is true?
>Nah, they are just messing with us. Like with the unicorns. Don’t mind them.
On the contrary, we ARE the afterlife. There used to be several, but we had to destroy the others, resulting in us, who were just spirits that didn't go to an afterlife, to become the afterlife. How do you think I know that your mind continues on? It joins our collective!
>does that mean he was telling the truth about him throwing one of your king a birthday party too? With hats and everything?
Quite possibly. Either he was telling the truth and it has yet to happen (or it happened in a previous loop), or he's developed a sense of humor from spending time with us.
Of course, the development of any emotions through proximity to us would suggest the former to more more likely, anyways.
>It’s just energy, not memories or a person or anything.
>Ghost are… well, imprints of people memories on the soul energy…
Yep, energy which we have mostly lost. We have a little, somehow, which lets us do some interaction with the physical world, but mostly it's just memories and thoughts, which don't really allow interaction.
>If there enough energy they can even manipulate the world around them to an extent, thus why Bradford here exist.
Man, I've simply been guessing at a bunch of stuff but I love how right I tend to be. Usually.
>…I don’t get it.
Basically, the fastest way to a man's heart is to fuck him. Either up his ass or down his penis.
Also, this would be the second date. You went on one last night, didn't you?
>…so no undead head bashing?
>No undead head bashing.
...You could bash logs into firewood, and pretend they're undead heads.
>>
No. 600506 ID: 6e79d4

>[Reply: "Needing to know" something from an entity and learning from them are two different things, but I'll take that as a no. Of note, however: he's willing to destroy villages to defeat his enemies. Scary thought, that.]
He JUST said that that information caused him to lose in the past. It's a secret for a reason.
>>
No. 600519 ID: dbe554

Yes Bob did throw a birthday party, with the little spherical cone hats and everything.

It was surprising, but well accepted.
>>
No. 600576 ID: 65a774
File 141529404752.png - (10.03KB , 900x450 , 22.png )
600576

>[@Green: Incubus? Do you have previous experience with him?]
[Green: He’s a demon known to feast on the souls of women he’s romanced. A so called incubus.]

>Steve, which of our kings was Bob talking about? Because it might very well happen/have happened.
:LightUNB: The male half dead one… which doesn’t really narrow it down at all, does it?
>Something to understand about the Daemons: They aren't gods. They're immortals of immense power, but they have no power to create, see, or destroy any form of afterlife. It's possible that an afterlife exists, but it is beyond the vision of any living entity if it does.
:AlexUNB: I for one rather believe there’s something after death.
:LightUNB: Believe what you like, I can only tell you what I know.
>On the contrary, we ARE the afterlife. How do you think I know that your mind continues on? It joins our collective!
:AlexUNB: ...oh, great... not only does paradise not exist, but an endless torment after life does...
>Oh and Steve, if you find anything out about how the cultist are supplying there harvester project let us know will you?
:LightUNB: Of course.

>...what do people do for fun around here?
:BradfordUNB: Breaking bandit bones.
:DooriyaUNB: I usually read a book… or play some chess… but lately I’ve been with Steve here.
:BradfordUNB: Crushing cultist craniums.
:AlexUNB: Well, I’ve heard that they have a nice theater down here… I need to take a look at that.
:BradfordUNB: Hunting hooligan heads.
:DrinaUNB: I usually hang out with my friends down at the bear pits on weekends.
:BradfordUNB: Smashing skeleton skulls- wait, bear pits?
:DrinaUNB: Yeah! It’s an arena for bear fights! You should check it out, Brad, you would probably like it… and if you’re lucky you might even catch an eye gouging!
:BradfordUNB: Punching plunderers pricks. Lucky if I catch one? Bah! Clearly todays bears are wusses. Back in my day if there wasn’t a disembowelment you would get your money back.
:DrinaUNB: Ha, right. That’s probably just nostalgia talking, old man… and your senility.
:BradfordUNB: Unmaking undead… err… something starting on u… um… anyway, the bears back in my day had claws as long as your fingers! And they didn’t stop until they’d rip their enemies into shreds!
:DrinaUNB: …err… that sound more like a yeti then a bear…
:BradfordUNB: Wait, aren’t a bear a kind of yeti?
>...You could bash logs into firewood, and pretend they're undead heads.
:BradfordUNB: Fiercely fighting firewood isn’t just the same as killing criminals!

>Basically, the fastest way to a man's heart is to fuck him. Either up his ass or down his penis.
:DrinaUNB: Down his penis? Ew?
:DooriyaUNB: I’m pretty sure they meant taking his penis.
:BradfordUNB: And I’m pretty sure not all men want things up their backside…
:DrinaUNB: Well, the men Alex would be interested in probably does. Oh, I should tell Vlad about this! He just needs to take it up the butt or tap Alex and she’ll love him! Foolproof plan!
:AlexUNB: …dammit, you guys…
>Also, this would be the second date. You went on one last night, didn't you?
:AlexUNB: I wasn’t on a date last night? He was getting his lung repaired most of last night.
>*coughthebarcough*
:AlexUNB: HEY! I have you know, I was completely lady like and didn’t do any hanky-panky.
:DrinaUNB: Hanky-panky?
:AlexUNB: Those two gentlemen just needed someone to show off their newly made lingerie.
:DrinaUNB: Seriously, you actually say Hanky-panky?
:AlexUNB: In fact, they were so grateful they let me keep a pair.
:DrinaUNB: Oh! That’s it! Just show that off too Vlad and you’ll have his heart in no time!
:AlexUNB: What? No, I’m not going to- for the last time, I don’t want Vlad’s heart!
:DrinaUNB: Or maybe you should give them to him to wear?
:AlexUNB: FOR THE LAST TIME, I’M NOT AFTER VLAD’S CUTE BUTT! IS THAT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND!?
:DrinaUNB: …you’re imagining him in that lingerie right now, aren’t you?
:AlexUNB: … … …Drina, if you don’t shut up this instant I’ll shove that lingerie so far up your ass that you’ll taste it!
:DrinaUNB: Drina: 1, Alex: 0.
:AlexUNB: Ugh…

>I'd say he might not have the chance to grow up, but I know it's already happened.
:AlexUNB: He’s still just a kid.
:BradfordUNB: Actually, he’s far more mature then you give him credit for… and stop calling him kid, he dislikes that.
:AlexUNB: …fine, he’s young then.
>Brad, I'm sure you want to check on Anna so go do that regardless of if the medics can handle her current condition unaided.
:BradfordUNB: I was already on my way.
>Psst, do you have feelings for her or is she more like a daughter to you?
:BradfordUNB: She is a pupil that needs to be trained. She needs to learn my ways so she can pass it on.
:DooriyaUNB: So, like a daughter?
:BradfrodUNB: In a way, yes.

>If you really don't want to date Vlad, despite seemingly wanting to spend a bunch of time with him, you can at least help him come to terms with his sexuality.
:AlexUNB: Being a friend for him? That I can do.
>Hmm. Let's shake things up a bit. Drina, did you have any unpleasant experiences while growing up as a homosexual? Maybe you can help Vlad out by telling him how you got through it.
:DrinaUNB: I remember having problem being sent to the headmaster of my school office all the time…
:DooriyaUNB: That’s because you beat the shit out of anyone that tried to bully you because you were gay.
:DrinaUNB: Oh yeah… good times… but sure, I guess I can speak with him.
>Hey alex, you were the last one to see Vlad right? Cause right now when we ping his stats we're getting Status: In pain, depressed, sleeping, in need of a hug.
:AlexUNB: I’ll go check on him, don’t worry.
:DrinaUNB: I’ll be there later… don’t worry, I’ll knock to make sure you two lovebirds aren’t-
:AlexUNB: My fist and your face have a date if you don’t shut up, Drina.



:VladUNB: *snore* …ngt… n-noo…
:AlexUNB: It looks like he’s been twisting around in bed and accidently laid on his wound… nothing to worry about.
:VladUNB: F-father… sis… noo… p-please… *snore*…
:AlexUNB: …and he seems to be having nightmares… I… I don’t really want to wake him but…
:VladUNB: H-help me…

Insert It’s Sleeping Cutie, she should wake him with a kiss… on his head… no, the other head!_
>>
No. 600578 ID: dbe554

He must be dreaming of the day the Undead came, poor guy that's something that would have shattered his perception of personal safety, not to mention losing his family all in one fell swoop.

It's like this world will always have something cruel happen at the worst of times to make sure no one would grow up with innocence.
>>
No. 600581 ID: dd47f3

Unmaking undead underlings!
I'm a sucker for aliteration. Annnd I dunno, but I think he wouldn't mind being woken up from this dream.
(here's hoping he doesn't swap to hot babes or something like that right before we do wake him!)
>>
No. 600583 ID: 2fd516

>>600576
You should probably wake him. We're not gonna be doing anything today so he'll have plenty of time to recover, and nobody likes nightmares.

Perhaps the two of you can talk about your families.
>>
No. 600584 ID: 6e79d4

>It looks like he’s been twisting around in bed and accidently laid on his wound…
Try turning him right-side up and see if the nightmare stops. If not, try waking him up.
A lot of people talk in their sleep, don't they?
>>
No. 600586 ID: 65a774
File 141530251354.png - (9.97KB , 900x450 , 23.png )
600586

>Unmaking undead underlings!
Annoying alliteration appeal…
>He must be dreaming of the day the Undead came, poor guy that's something that would have shattered his perception of personal safety, not to mention losing his family all in one fell swoop.
…I can’t really imagine how horrible it was. To have someone that loves you like that just… disappear so suddenly…
>It's like this world will always have something cruel happen at the worst of times to make sure no one would grow up with innocence.
That’s life, isn’t it? It’s like being a ball, you get hit a bunch of times before ending up in a ditch or a hole somewhere, all but forgotten.
>Perhaps the two of you can talk about your families.
… … …I rather not talk about my family… and our families are completely different, aren’t they?
>A lot of people talk in their sleep, don't they?
You’d be surprised how often terrible authors use this plot device.

>You should probably wake him. We're not gonna be doing anything today so he'll have plenty of time to recover, and nobody likes nightmares.
:AlexUNB: Vladimir? Wake up… you are having a nightmare…
:VladUNB: …ng… an angle? …oh, wait, Alexandra?
:AlexUNB: …I don’t know if I should feel offended by that terrible attempt at flirting or that you almost sounded disappointed when it was me.
:VladUNB: …huh? I’m sorry, I’m a bit groggy… what were you saying?
:AlexUNB: Nothing, forget about it. How are you feeling?
:VladUNB: …my ribcage hurts a bit… and I had a terrible dream… right after I had a really weird one…
:AlexUNB: Weird dream?
:VladUNB: I dreamt that a giant flying disk came and took me away… to somewhere with big eyed grey lizard. They said they wanted to do strange things to my butt for some reason…
:AlexUNB: …yeah, that’s really a weird dream…
:VladUNB: But I’m guessing you didn’t wake me up to talk about little grey lizards, no?
:AlexUNB: I just wanted to check if you were alright, that’s all… and… and… I… um…. I…
:VladUNB: …?
:AlexUNB: Forget it. Anyway, do you want anything? Like water? Something to eat? Maybe a book? Or a game of checkers?
:VladUNB: Ugh… I… I don’t know, let me wake up a bit first…
:AlexUNB: Take your time.

Insert And then sex happened. The end_
>>
No. 600588 ID: 2fd516

>>600586
You what? How large is the age difference between you anyway? Maybe you're exaggerating it.
>>
No. 600589 ID: 9ddf68

>I dreamt that a giant flying disk came and took me away… to somewhere with big eyed grey lizard. They said they wanted to do strange things to my butt for some reason
Not sure about gray lizards but we have met a orange one who did seem to have a fixation on this one mantis ladies ass, that and he is kinda an ass himself.

So good news Vlad, you and friends got the day off, seeing as half of our time is incapacitated. So any of you got any ideas what you'd like to do today? If not maybe go hit the town and bring Jal with. I mean if we're going to try and wean him off of alcohol maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to try and get him into some things other thing drinking. Also try and stay away from places that sell booze. Last thing we need is him finding we're else to buy the stuff after we finally got the bartender to stop serving him.
>>
No. 600591 ID: 6e79d4

[scan pawns]
>…I don’t know if I should feel offended by that terrible attempt at flirting or that you almost sounded disappointed when it was me.
Mein gott woman, do you want his attention or not?
>I dreamt that a giant flying disk came and took me away… to somewhere with big eyed grey lizard.
Don't worry, real aliens are more courteous.
Well Steve said to take a day off, in spite of Brad's protests, so just worry about getting better.
>>
No. 600596 ID: 65a774
File 141531127512.png - (10.59KB , 900x450 , 24.png )
600596

>[scan pawns]
[“The Savage” Status: Worried. “The hunter” Status: In pain, depressed, in need of a hug. “The priest” Status: Worried. “The Alchemist” Status: Depressed, Sick, Sleeping. “Sister of Wisdom” Status: Content. “Sister of Power” Status: Angry. “The Valkyrie” Status: Wounded, unconscious.]

>Mein gott woman, do you want his attention or not?
:AlexUNB: (For the last time, I’m not interested in him in that way! Can you please stop bothering me about it!)
>How large is the age difference between you anyway? Maybe you're exaggerating it.
:AlexUNB: (I’m 23 and he’s 17, so six years. It’s more that he’s barely an adult.)

>Don't worry, real aliens are more courteous.
:VladUNB: I hope so… they were rather rude…
>So good news Vlad, you and friends got the day off, seeing as half of our team is incapacitated.
:VladUNB: Really? That’s nice, I guess… um… except I don’t really have anything to do?
>So any of you got any ideas what you'd like to do today?
:VladUNB: I… um… don’t know? To start, some fresh air, I guess?
>Maybe go hit the town and bring Jal with. I mean if we're going to try and wean him off of alcohol maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to try and get him into some things other thing drinking.
:AlexUNB: Hmm, yeah, Jal would probably need some company…
*Knock*Knock*
:AlexUNB: That must be Drina… COME ON IN…
:StenUNB: Sorry if I’m interrupting anything, but I just needed to ask… Vladimir, do you still want us to prepare one of the private dinner rooms and enough raw ingredients for a dinner for two tonight? I mean, you’re wounded so…
:VladUNB: Err… yes, of course, I’m still p-planning on… um… using… those… y-yeah…
:StenUNB: Just wanted to double check. Thank you for your time.
:AlexUNB:
:VladUNB: So… um… heh… err… so, you got any ideas what we should do today?
:AlexUNB: Dinner for two?
:VladUNB: I’m sure they got some music hall or theater or something cultural here we can go too… with Jal, of course!
:AlexUNB: What was that about a di-
:VladUNB: Oh, Maybe we can find some board games to play with him… err… r-right?
:AlexUNB:

Insert Let’s make some beautiful music together!_
>>
No. 600599 ID: 2fd516

>>600596
23/2+7 is 18.5. So he's below your Standard Creepiness Rule limit. ...what a shame. I thought you were younger than that.

Vlad, does this mean you've realized you like dudes?
>>
No. 600600 ID: 9ddf68

>Dinner for two?
hehehehe kids got about everything down but luck, poor bastard. But hey since we're on the topic of love life here, way don't you guys go for a spin on the time with Jal and lets see if we can't drop him off with his little lady friend so they can nerd it up somewhere, and then you and Vlad can maybe have a nice diner for two that strangely seems to have been put together in advance by some kind caring soul... as friends of course.

Also Alex you should give him a hug for trying to be nice and then slug him in the arm for thinking you wouldn't figure out that he set this up.
>>
No. 600601 ID: 4f004c

>I dreamt that a giant flying disk came and took me away… to somewhere with big eyed grey lizard.
Lizard greylians? Huh. I knew about Greylians but those that represent Lizards is new.
That flying disk is called a flying saucer, and it rotates to allow people to stand, sit, and walk around when inside it.
Why they're interested in shoving giant rods into people's asses, I don't know. Maybe they don't actually have sex organs and that's the best they can do?
>Don't worry, real aliens are more courteous.
>I hope so… they were rather rude…
... Lucius didn't seem very courteous, and the ladysnake definitely would have shoved giant rods up peoples asses given the chance.
>Dinner for two?
...Vlad, were you actually intending to ask Alexandra to join you for dinner, or did you find somebody else?
>>
No. 600602 ID: 2fd516

>>600601
...dude, giving them a name doesn't make them exist.
>>
No. 600604 ID: 6e79d4

It couldn't hurt to hear a play. Well it could, but you can always just leave if it's actually that bad. Anyway Jal is really sick, I think he should stay in his room. He might be up for a board game or something, though.
>>
No. 600605 ID: 4f004c

>>600602
Greylian is the name as given by Spore, I consider it more of a title than the actual species name
>>
No. 600648 ID: 65a774
File 141538176178.png - (10.14KB , 900x450 , 25.png )
600648

>23/2+7 is 18.5. So he's below your Standard Creepiness Rule limit. ...what a shame.
:AlexUNB: (That was what I’ve been saying from the start! Geez!)
>Vlad, does this mean you've realized you like dudes?
:VladUNB: (Err… well… um… I realized that I like Alexandra, I guess? I think I don’t mind what she is as long as she is… um… herself… and… err… it felt kind of liked having... yeah…)

>Alex you should give him a hug for trying to be nice.
:VladUNB: Huh? I- err- t-thank you?
>and then slug him in the arm for thinking you wouldn't figure out that he set this up.
:VladUNB: Wait, don’t hit me!
:AlexUNB: I’m not going to slug you, you’re wounded.
:VladUNB: …err… they said to hit my arm… I’m not wounded there?
:AlexUNB: And Brad did say you shouldn’t hit people you like, right?
>...Vlad, were you actually intending to ask Alexandra to join you for dinner, or did you find somebody else?
:VladUNB: I was going to ask you yesterday, I promise! I just… um…
:AlexUNB: You got an ice shard through the chest, I know… don’t worry, I understand.
:VladUNB: So… um…
>You and Vlad can maybe have a nice dinner for two that strangely seems to have been put together in advance by some kind caring soul... as friends of course.
:AlexUNB: …wait, he said raw ingredients, right? You can cook?
:VladUNB: Of course. I had to make the food back home most of the time myself... I mean, who can’t cook?
:AlexUNB: …well…
:VladUNB: Oh, I didn’t… I didn’t mean it like-
:AlexUNB: Don’t worry about it… but yeah, I’d love to eat some of your cooking... as a friend, of course.
:VladUNB: …yeah… of course… as friends…

>It couldn't hurt to hear a play.
:AlexUNB: I have to look into what kind of entertainment there is here…
:VladUNB: It would be fun to see something interesting.
>Since we're on the topic of love life here, why don't you guys go for a spin on the time with Jal and let’s see if we can't drop him off with his little lady friend so they can nerd it up somewhere?
:AlexUNB: Jal shouldn’t really leave his bed right now.
>Jal is really sick, I think he should stay in his room. He might be up for a board game or something, though.
:AlexUNB: That’s a great idea! What do you say, Vladimir?
:VladUNB: Oh, sure, that sounds neat.
>>
No. 600649 ID: 65a774
File 141538177791.png - (10.40KB , 900x450 , 26.png )
600649

:VladUNB: Jal? Are you awake… err…
:AlexUNB: … … …GOD DAMMIT! WHERE IS HE NOW!?

Insert never a dull moment_
>>
No. 600652 ID: 2fd516

>>600649
What the fuck? He was sleeping just a couple minutes ago! He can't have gotten far, go look for him!

I see no evidence of a struggle. Only weird thing is that the fireplace is out. The window closed and the lantern off make sense if he was sleeping.

...maybe he just went to the bathroom.
>>
No. 600654 ID: 6e79d4

[scan pawns, echo 'the alchemist' status to 'the priest']
Uh, maybe he's out seeing his lady friend? Or getting work done at the temple?
If he's desperate for a drink, he might be headed for that bar on the other end of town, I forget the name, but I'd hope he has more willpower than that.
>>
No. 600655 ID: 4f004c

>...maybe he just went to the bathroom.
That tends to be the case when a person is suddenly missing around us.
>>
No. 600661 ID: dbe554

The lantern and fireplace were lit when you left, and the Window was open before, now it's closed.

Though with the mantid body he'd be far too big to get out the window so that's an option to ignore at least.

Though we shouldn't panic unless we are certain he's not using the bathroom, whether for peeing or private use.
>>
No. 600662 ID: 9ddf68

ok first off what's wrong with the mirror in here? Second, we just checked on him about a minute ago and it said that he was depressed, sleeping, and sick. Hold on a sec we'll switch over to him and see where he's at.

[switch to the alchemist]
>>
No. 600670 ID: 65a774
File 141539138804.png - (16.95KB , 900x450 , 27.png )
600670

>[scan pawns, echo 'the alchemist' status to 'the priest']
[“The Savage” Status: Worried. “The hunter” Status: Depressed. “The priest” Status: Worried. “The Alchemist” Status: Sick, Exited. “Sister of Wisdom” Status: Exited. “Sister of Power” Status: Annoyed, Worried. “The Valkyrie” Status: Unconscious.]
:AlexUNB: Exited!?

>The lantern and fireplace were lit when you left, and the Window was open before, now it's closed.
:AlexUNB: I doused the flame in the fireplace before I left… and if he wanted to sleep he probably closed the window and turned off the lantern himself.
>Uh, maybe he's out seeing his lady friend?
:AlexUNB: Lady friend? You mean Mikhail? Yeah, right… she slept with him once, that’s it. I don’t think she’ll come and drag him out of bed when he’s sick just because of that.
>Or getting work done at the temple?
:AlexUNB: Ha!

>If he's desperate for a drink, he might be headed for that bar on the other end of town, I forget the name, but I'd hope he has more willpower than that.
:AlexUNB: Wait, what bar? There’s more than two bars in this town…
:VladUNB: I think they meant inn.
:AlexUNB: Ah… but yeah, there’s more places to get alcohol then here and that place…
>What the fuck? He was sleeping just a couple minutes ago! He can't have gotten far, go look for him!
:AlexUNB: Right… I better ask Sten first, maybe he knows something.
>...maybe he just went to the bathroom.
:VladUNB: Maybe we should wait and see if he comes back?
:AlexUNB: Or we can just go look and see if the little mantis room is occupied.
>What's wrong with the mirror in here?
:VladUNB: That’s odd… where is the mirror? The frame is just empty…
:AlexUNB: Err… (I smashed it, remember? This is my room, after all… Jal slept in here because he tore up the floor boards in his own room, right?)



>[switch to the alchemist]
:MikhailUNB: -and then you decide your class.
:AndrzejUNB: Class? Let’s see… alchemist… barbarian… bard… hmm… oh, knight sound interesting…
:MikhailUNB: I’m sorry, Jal, that I shouldn’t find more players… or players that actually played Q&Q before…
:JalUNB: Don’t *Sniff* worry. You have no *sniff* idea what this mean to me *cough*…
:AndrzejUNB: And I’ve always wanted to try this Q&Q thing… it’s sound so intriguing. Oh… paladin…
:MikhailUNB: Well, it would be more interesting with more experienced players, that’s what I’m saying…

Insert …NEEERDS!!!!_
>>
No. 600674 ID: 2fd516

>>600670
Ahh, how convenient! Vlad and Alexandra were gonna play a board game with you, but you weren't in your room. Where is this, exactly?
>>
No. 600679 ID: 6e79d4

Leave a note or something next time, Alexa nearly had a heart attack. People have been getting kidnapped and shit, we need to know where you are.

Alexa or Vlad may have played a bit, one of them might be able to aid in the noob-herding.
>>
No. 600744 ID: 4f004c

>Yeah, right… she slept with him once, that’s it. I don’t think she’ll come and drag him out of bed when he’s sick just because of that.
...Jal, did my comment about Gray's reading her thoughts get you that devoted to the cause?
>I’m sorry, Jal, that I shouldn’t find more players… or players that actually played Q&Q before…
Or did she simply come by and ask you to join?
Well, Vladmir is injured, and thus unable to commit to extraneous activities, either. He and Alexandra may be interested.
>>
No. 600745 ID: 9ddf68

Hey Jal, there you are. We went by your room to see how you were doing and kinda freaked when we didn't find you, glad to see your doing fine. As for more players would you mind if we invaded Alex and Vlad? Everyone got the day off today with half our team being half dead and those two we're looking for a way to kill time. If you are guys are ok with it we'll zip back to them let them know where to find you and ask if they're interested. On that note where are you exactly, I don't believe we've been here before?
>>
No. 600771 ID: dbe554

How convenient, we are a level 12 bard diplomancer! Fear our mighty +25 to Charisma checks!
>>
No. 600772 ID: 4f004c

>>600771
Level 12? I don't think that's even possible. You'd have to have become a God at that point or died trying, and gods don't get levels.
>>
No. 600779 ID: 65a774
File 141546485239.png - (17.85KB , 900x450 , 28.png )
600779

>Hey Jal, there you are.
Huh? Yeah, where else would I be?
>Leave a note or something next time, Alexa nearly had a heart attack. People have been getting kidnapped and shit, we need to know where you are.
…Oh… right, I… um… I kind of forgot about that… in my defense, I had just woken up before I was dragged of by very dangerous woman.
>Where is this, exactly?
It’s one of the private rooms in the inn. Sten let us use it as no one else had reserved it.

>Did she simply come by and ask you to join?
:MikhailUNB: Well, I heard Jal was sick and was trying to go clean, so I came to help a bit. Some company is the best cure for these kinds of things, after all.
>How convenient, we are a level 12 bard diplomancer! Fear our mighty +25 to Charisma checks!
:MikhailUNB: +25? Hey, no munchkins allowed!
:AndrzejUNB: What’s a muncher kin? Some kind of monster in the game? Or race?
:MikhailUNB: It’s a play style. While funny at times, I rather not have one of those destroying the game for new players like you.
>Level 12? I don't think that's even possible. You'd have to have become a God at that point or died trying, and gods don't get levels.
:MikhailUNB: …what are you talking about? Last time I checked the weakest god in the setting was at least level 34…

>Well, Vladmir is injured, and thus unable to commit to extraneous activities, either. He and Alexandra may be interested.
:JalUNB: Hmm, well, *sniff* if we can find-
:AlexUNB: There you are, you jerk! I was worried sick and here you are, playing a child’s game!
:MikhailUNB: Child’s game!?
:JalUNB: Err… sorry, I was *sniff* going to leave a note… *sniff* when I remember it…
:VladUNB: Um… Alexandra, remember that he was asleep just minute ago… he’s probably still groggy…
:AlexUNB: Even then…
>Alexa or Vlad may have played a bit, one of them might be able to aid in the noob-herding.
:VladUNB: Played what?
:AlexUNB: Ugh, Jal have tried to get me to play this pretend game for ages…
:MikhailUNB: It’s Q&Q, want to join us?
:VladUNB: Q and what? I’ve never heard of it…
:JalUNB: It’s a *sniff* roleplaying game… you know, you take *sniff* a role like being a knight and go *sniff* on adventure and stuff… *sniff* like killing dragons and *Achoo!* urgh…
:MikhailUNB: Careful! Don’t sneeze on the books!
:AlexUNB: It’s just make believe, noting we-
:VladUNB: It sounds like fun. I’ll join…
:AlexUNB: What? But… it’s so… immature!
:MikhailUNB: I’m going to pretend that you didn’t just insult us all…
:VladUNB: Come on, Alex, it’s be fun.
:AlexUNB: …fine. I’ll try it out…
:AndrzejUNB: Oh, I think I’ll play a cleric!

Insert I’m pretty sure we’re forgetting something very important…_
>>
No. 600781 ID: 9ddf68

>What? But… it’s so… immature!
heh and what does that make us? Alex the whole point of the game is just to have fun for a few hours and seeing all the shit you all have gone through my advice would be to just give it a try, actually try and don't just grumble in a corner saying how dumb it is, and then when it get's late enough for dinner you guys can probably call it a night. This way you can try it out yourself and see if you really like it or not. I mean what's the worst that could happen, If you like it you found a new hobby to hang around friends with and if you don't like it at least then you have a ligament reason for not liking the game other then you "think" you'd hate it.
>>
No. 600785 ID: 2fd516

>>600779
Alright let's go tell Drina what's going on, now. I expect she's just discovered Vlad isn't in his room.
[switch to Sister of Power]
>>
No. 600791 ID: 65a774
File 141547884008.png - (17.29KB , 900x450 , 29.png )
600791

>Heh and what does that make us?
:AlexUNB: …do you really want me to answer that?
>Alex the whole point of the game is just to have fun for a few hours and seeing all the shit you all have gone through my advice would be to just give it a try, actually try and don't just grumble in a corner saying how dumb it is.
:AlexUNB: Yeah, yeah, I’ll try it… just because Vlad and Jal want me too…
>If you like it you found a new hobby to hang around friends with and if you don't like it at least then you have a ligament reason for not liking the game other then you "think" you'd hate it.
:AlexUNB: I already said I try it, geez…
:VladUNB: So… um… what do we do?
:MikhailUNB: First, choose one of these fine character I’ve made…

>Alright let's go tell Drina what's going on, now. I expect she's just discovered Vlad isn't in his room.
:AlexUNB: Right, we’ll be fine here… hopefully…
:VladUNB: Oh, Bard? That sound fun.



>[switch to Sister of Power]
:DrinaUNB: I don’t know… it still feels weird.
:DooriyaUNB: I’m sure he’ll behave himself when he possess the mortal body.
:DrinaUNB: Still, he’s basically killing someone and using his body as a puppet… it’s just… wrong.
:DooriyaUNB: The person was a deranged cultist. I’m pretty sure whoever he was before is long gone, being completely consumed by the madness.
:DrinaUNB: I’m still saying this whole thing is a horrible mistake that we’ll regret.

Insert Oh yeah, this was happening_
>>
No. 600815 ID: dbe554

I'm pretty sure you think everything related to Steve is a mistake Drina, you've certainly made your case loud and clear constantly.
>>
No. 600817 ID: 4f004c

>I’m still saying this whole thing is a horrible mistake that we’ll regret.
Yeah, probably. But even if he has been deceiving us, our intentions are still to prevent ALL Daemons from causing as much damage as Steve did to that village.
>>
No. 600821 ID: 6e79d4

>Still, he’s basically killing someone and using his body as a puppet… it’s just… wrong.
Is that really so much worse than just killing him? I haven't seen you getting sentimental over anyone else you've killed. He'd be executed anyway, this way we can bring someone else into the world too.
> I’m still saying this whole thing is a horrible mistake that we’ll regret.
Then practice saying some more creative variants of 'I-told-you-so'.

*sigh* listen, that dagger is our insurance. In case all the help, gifts, advice, services rendered, secrets confided, and relationships built between Steve, Dooriya, Grey and ourselves were actually all parts of a massive ruse, we have that over his head. I know you'd like to have a clear cut line of good and evil, but that's just not the way it works.
>>
No. 600825 ID: bb3cfd

>>600791
He will also be weaker in that mortal body, you know. Really the only way this could go wrong is if he jumps the gun and possesses the mortal body before the war is over, pulling his anti-undead powers out from under the paladins so that they can't fight as effectively.

...he's not possessing it right now is he?

Oh, Vlad Alexandra and Jal are all playing Q&Q in the inn if either of you are interested.
>>
No. 600883 ID: 65a774
File 141553089406.png - (20.08KB , 900x450 , 30.png )
600883

>Vlad Alexandra and Jal are all playing Q&Q in the inn if either of you are interested.
:DooriyaUNB: Um… I’m going to be rather busy…
:DrinaUNB: Of course you will…
>I'm pretty sure you think everything related to Steve is a mistake Drina, you've certainly made your case loud and clear constantly.
:DrinaUNB: That’s because he is a mistake! He will feast on all our souls and damn us all to Hel’s hairy butt cheeks!
:DooriyaUNB: Now you’re just being melodramatic.
>Is that really so much worse than just killing him? I haven't seen you getting sentimental over anyone else you've killed. He'd be executed anyway, this way we can bring someone else into the world too.
:DrinaUNB: Yes it is! How would you feel if someone started to use your… err… squid grandmother as a puppet so they should fuck your sister in the bum!?
:DooriyaUNB: HEY! That was uncalled for! I don’t even like there!
>Then practice saying some more creative variants of 'I-told-you-so'.
:DrinaUNB: I rather stop it before I have to say that to my sisters corpse…
:DooriyaUNB: Sis, don’t worry, I’ll be fine…

>*sigh* listen, that dagger is our insurance. In case all the help, gifts, advice, services rendered, secrets confided, and relationships built between Steve, Dooriya, Grey and ourselves were actually all parts of a massive ruse, we have that over his head.
:DrinaUNB: Of course it’s a ruse, he’s a demon, it’s what they do. So be ready with that dagger, Teal.
:DooriyaUNB: …isn’t that a bit speciest?
:DrinaUNB: He’s a demon, not another species!
:DooriyaUNB: Demonist, then?
>I know you'd like to have a clear cut line of good and evil, but that's just not the way it works.
:DrinaUNB: You’re just blind to it, Teal. Clearly I’m the good guy white knight character while he is the evil black demon!
:DooriyaUNB: I’m pretty sure you’re just an obstacle to be overcome in my “forbidden” romance… if we now are comparing our lives to stories… oh, and you’re starting to become a pain in my arse to, sis.
:DrinaUNB: …why, thank you Sister…
>He will also be weaker in that mortal body, you know.
:DrinaUNB: Perfect! Then I can beat him up if he ever does anything unchivalrous!
:DooriyaUNB: Actually, while his body will be physically weak, he will still retain all his powers. He just can’t move the body outside the city, that’s all.
>Really the only way this could go wrong is if he jumps the gun and possesses the mortal body before the war is over, pulling his anti-undead powers out from under the paladins so that they can't fight as effectively.
:DooriyaUNB: As I said, he will keep those powers even in his new body.

>...he's not possessing it right now is he?
:DrinaUNB: Well…
:LightUNB: I am reborn as a ne- ups! …h-how do you guys even walk with these things?
:DrinaUNB: Things? You mean legs?
:LightUNB: Yeah, it’s… I mean, I keep tripping over myself… I have to say, I’m rather impressed that you can keep focus on all four of your legs with such ease… hmm… and what is this… this “bad” feeling I’m feeling in my stomach?
:DrinaUNB: …you mean hunger, numbskull?
:LightUNB: Oh, Hello Drina… hmm… what is this… feeling I’m getting? I really want to punch you in the face but something is… ah, this must be annoyance, right?
:DrinaUNB: Well, I’m feeling putrid hatred for you right now, so I guess we’re even?
:LightUNB: I can’t believe these chemical reactions of yours were so… so… so powerful! If I wasn’t so strong willed these weird emotions would have taken me over completely…
:DooriyaUNB: *Cough*
:LightUNB: Hmm? Oh, My dear Do-
>>
No. 600884 ID: 65a774
File 141553091132.png - (20.20KB , 900x450 , 31.png )
600884

:LightUNB: Do- Do- Do- …snngg…hf…h…
:DooriyaUNB: Err… you alright there, honeybun?
:DrinaUNB: …Going by his drooling and his attempt to… “raise the flag”,which I wished I’d didn’t have to see, I’m going to guess he just felt the emotion called lust.
:LightUNB: …ng…

Insert Seems like he needs to learn how to speak with girls_
>>
No. 600890 ID: dbe554

He's like a newborn getting used to an actual body, should prove interesting for an insubstantial creature of another mindset to get used to the chemical balance.

Also of note, he may have problems adjusting, considering that the primal brain has strong urges to mate he may accidentally desire to force himself upon you, so make sure to firmly, but gently introduce him to the chemical feeling of pain to shake him out of the mindset should he attempt it.

Speaking of which we probably should've done this closer to a bathroom incase his body has waste issues to deal with.
>>
No. 600903 ID: 6e79d4

>Yes it is! How would you feel if someone started to use your… err… squid grandmother as a puppet so they should fuck your sister in the bum!?
That would imply anyone here knew the guy, that Steve is doing some kind of temporary possession instead of a full conversion, you're accusing my grandmother of being a witch complacent in the downfall of civilization, and that it's possible for a woman to do someone in the behind.
> …isn’t that a bit speciest?
I'm more concerned about that long-ass list of qualifiers pointing against imminent betrayal that she seemed to gloss over.

Enjoy your new Id, Steve. Try not to end up in an endless cycle of vice like the rest of us.
Now, being a mortal 101. You'll need to manage oxygen, temperature, nourishment, waste, and not get killed in the meantime. That means breathing, wearing appropriate clothes or saying near fires, eating foodstuffs, using the bathroom, and not agitating Drina. There's all kinds of traditions and taboos involved, but you should probably learn those on the go from the people with opposable digits.

On a different note, You might want to do something about the eyes and halo of light, they're pretty conspicuous.
>>
No. 600906 ID: 4f004c

>squid grandmother as a puppet so they should fuck your sister in the bum!?
...Seriously? You're saying that cultist was a relative of yours? Because incest is just wrong, man.
>He’s a demon, not another species!
And you're a Mantis, not another species. If Mantis are a species, so too are Daemon.
>Clearly I’m the good guy white knight character while he is the evil black demon!
Narcissist. You know, people who say that about themselves are always, ALWAYS the bad guys.
>If I wasn’t so strong willed these weird emotions would have taken me over completely…
Drina, bring him to his senses without any form of permanent harm. I trust you'll enjoy being able to cause temporary harm, and he really needs it right now.
>>
No. 600907 ID: 9ddf68

>You’re just blind to it, Teal. Clearly I’m the good guy white knight character while he is the evil black demon!
Ok I get you don't trust him and all but now I'm starting to believe you just WANT to hate the guy just because you think you should hate him and not because of anything he's done so you're finding any little fault with him just so you can justify yourself and tell yourself he's evil and ignore every other fact about him because you don't want to feel anything other then hate for the guy.

>Do- Do- Do- …snngg…hf…h…
>…ng…
HAHAHAHA, oh god it's like he's been turned into an awkward teenager trying to talk to his crush. Alright you guys are starting to attract the attention of the guards (or at least the mantis one) so if you three where planning to hit the town I'd suggest somewhere quite so Steve can get use to his new body without weirding out half the town.
>>
No. 600909 ID: 07a835

>>600884
Jesus christ Steve, control yourself. This is seriously embarrassing. More importantly, are your anti-undead powers still working for the paladins? I was under the assumption you would lose your powers when you became mortal. Speaking of which, you are now a target for assassination. Thanks a lot, now we have to worry about you. I thought you were going to wait until after the war was over! Or at least after MOST OF IT.
>>
No. 600959 ID: 65a774
File 141556475050.png - (11.68KB , 900x450 , 32.png )
600959

>More importantly, are your anti-undead powers still working for the paladins? I was under the assumption you would lose your powers when you became mortal.
:DooriyaUNB: (They will stop working when he becomes mortal, yes, but he isn’t one yet. He’s just possessed a temporally body. In fact, he will need to leave it in time to regain his strength to keep all his other powers from growing weak.)
>Speaking of which, you are now a target for assassination. Thanks a lot, now we have to worry about you.
:DooriyaUNB: (As I just said, not actually mortal yet. He won’t become mortal until we seal the demon realm away and win the war.)

>Ok I get you don't trust him and all but now I'm starting to believe you just WANT to hate the guy just because you think you should hate him.
:DrinaUNB: (Wha- no! I hate him because he’s a backstabbing demon, a creep and that’s he’s trying to steal my- I mean, he’s a creep trying to ruin my sisters life!)
>You're accusing my grandmother of being a witch complacent in the downfall of civilization, and that it's possible for a woman to do someone in the behind.
:DrinaUNB: (It was a metaphor thingy, you stupid squids! And besides, I’m pretty sure gender doesn’t matter if you have the right tools…)
>...Seriously? You're saying that cultist was a relative of yours? Because incest is just wrong, man.
:DrinaUNB: (METAPHOR!!)
>Narcissist. You know, people who say that about themselves are always, ALWAYS the bad guys.
:DrinaUNB: (Oh, right, of course they are… you mean like Handsome John, the hero who rescued Pandora from the ruthless bandits was a villain too? Just because you got some self-esteem doesn’t mean you’re evil.)

>Drina, bring him to his senses without any form of permanent harm. I trust you'll enjoy being able to cause temporary harm, and he really needs it right now.
:LightUNB: Ow… w-w-wha- ow… what is this!?
:DrinaUNB: It’s called pain, knucklehead.
:LightUNB: THIS IS PAIN!? By Jove, it’s terrible! How can you guys live with this!? It’s horrible! Ow… I… am I dying!? Ow ow…
:DrinaUNB: Geez, I didn’t even hit you that hard…
:DooriyaUNB: Drina, give him some slack. It’s the first time he even understood the concept of pain. Don’t worry, hon, the pain will disappear soon.
:LightUNB: I hope so…
>Now, being a mortal 101. You'll need to manage oxygen, temperature, nourishment, waste, and not get killed in the meantime. That means breathing, wearing appropriate clothes or saying near fires, eating foodstuffs, using the bathroom, and not agitating Drina.
:LightUNB: Yes, yes, I know… I’ve seen how you live before...
:DrinaUNB: Wait, shouldn’t you already know all this? What with loops?
:LightUNB: I know what I will do, but my… um… real body can comprehend what I feel right now, so all these emotions are kind of lost on me… hmm… It would explain why I act so… illogical at times when I’m in this body in the other loops…
>Speaking of which we probably should've done this closer to a bathroom incase his body has waste issues to deal with.
:LightUNB: Don’t worry, this body have been fully cleaned before I inhabited it.
:DrinaUNB: Ew?
>Enjoy your new Id, Steve. Try not to end up in an endless cycle of vice like the rest of us.
:LightUNB: I never really understood this whole vice thing you guys have…
:DooriyaUNB: The basics are that they feel good but are bad for you.
:LightUNB: Feel good? Hmm… I need to try this feel good thing…
>You might want to do something about the eyes and halo of light, they're pretty conspicuous.
:LightUNB: Hey, I’m still pretty much the god of this order… I need to look the part. Otherwise people might think I’m just some phony.

>If you three where planning to hit the town I'd suggest somewhere quiet so Steve can get use to his new body without weirding out half the town.
:DooriyaUNB: We weren’t planning on leaving the cathedral even… but let’s go somewhere a bit more private.



:LightUNB: Ah, It seems like I can make the brain of this vessel think about how to move the legs when I walk on its own! How fascinating!
:DrinaUNB: Congratulation, you just realized something most two year olds have mastered.
:LightUNB: Indeed, I’m mastering this body in a neck breaking speed. Something that takes two years for you to master I’ve mastered in just a few moments!
:DrinaUNB: …that’s not what I meant at-
:LightUNB: Now, next I need to focus on mastering the other basic instinct of living things. To eat and sleep, laugh and cry, feel fear and safety… so much to know, so little time… hmm… and I need to understand this… warm feeling I get when I’m close to Dooriya… and the tingly feeling I get down in my abdomen every time I lay my eyes on her beauty.
:DooriyaUNB: That would be love-
:DrinaUNB: Pff.
:DooriyaUNB: -and arousal, I believe… don’t worry, I’ll help you understanding your emotions… err… I mean joy and happiness, stuff like that.
:DrinaUNB: Ha! You can’t wait to bone the guy, can you?
:LightUNB: To bone? Ah, yes, fornication! I’ve always wondered why your kind are so possessed of the act, even when it doesn’t result in a child most of the times… in fact, you seems to take steps to prevent children and even use the wrong entrance on purpose! Quite peculiar, I have to say… but enough about that, I want to feel… um… something! I can’t wait to try out your mortal experiences… so what do we do first?
:DooriyaUNB: Hmm…
:DrinaUNB: How about I reintroduce you to the concept of pain?
:DooriyaUNB: Sis!
:DrinaUNB: Hey! He kind of deserves it after that creepy talk about sex!
:LightUNB: No, no, I’ve already experienced more pain then I ever wanted to already… something else would be great!

Insert I’m sure Dooriya can bring a lot of joy to him in private_
>>
No. 600965 ID: dbe554

Tasty food and drink is good. In moderation.

Maybe scents as well? Perfumes, flowers.

Touch would also has been something denied, silk, pillow fluff, simple things.

Maybe hearing music as well, or different types of sounds and pitches.

Sight is simple enough, so we don't really need to have him experience such things.

..Cheese is also good, tasty tasty cheese.
>>
No. 600978 ID: 4f004c

>I’m pretty sure gender doesn’t matter if you have the right tools…
Gender is simply what they refer to themselves as, after all. They could very well be hermaphrodite or male, sex-wise (Biologically).
>(METAPHOR!!)
Well then DON'T CALL THEM A GRANDMOTHER. Say acquaintance from down the street or something. Because the thing about metaphors? The WHOLE THING is used in it. Meaning you were using a metaphor to say... Hold the phone, what the metaphor would mean is that you don't like Mantis-Mantis relationships! And yet you're in one! You bloody hypocrite!
>Handsome John, the hero who rescued Pandora from the ruthless bandits
Hehehe, you don't know who Pandora is, do you? She's a Daemon, Drina. Her Daemon name is "The Hopeful." She's pretty good about "Hiding" her powers "inside the box," sort of how a Lich would hide their soul inside a Phylactery. Better hope nobody finds that Box, because once it's opened, her powers are unleashed.
>Indeed, I’m mastering this body in a neck breaking speed. Something that takes two years for you to master I’ve mastered in just a few moments!
Something that for all your brainpower as an immortal, you weren't able to figure out even sooner. The reason it takes mortals two years to learn it? They don't have the brainpower for those first two years. Once they get that brainpower, they learn it pretty much immediately.
>Hey! He kind of deserves it after that creepy talk about sex!
...Do Mantises have a form of yanking the ear that humans have? Would pulling the antennae work? There should be a way that causes pain but fades IMMEDIATELY, but maybe that only works for humans. If Mantises do have one, that's a great way to get his attention and say "Hey, no, stop that."
Or you could get a perfume bottle and spritz it at him every time he gets out of line. Heck, pain of touch is different than annoyance to smell, so that'll be a new sensation for him, anyways!
>Touch would also has been something denied, silk, pillow fluff, simple things.
Hmm, how strong is a Mantis's sense of touch, anyways? I mean, sure, kinetic force can be felt, but what about tactile sensory?
>..Cheese is also good, tasty tasty cheese.
Just be careful around that one type of cheese. It's like alcohol in cheese form, for any species. Good in small amounts, but if you go overboard on it, it can get nasty.
>>
No. 600979 ID: 6e79d4

>It was a metaphor thingy, you stupid squids!
Get better metaphors.
>you mean like Handsome John, the hero who rescued Pandora from the ruthless bandits was a villain too?
That isn't a children's book, is it? Where we come from, Pandora brought all pain, suffering and chaos to the world.
>Just because you got some self-esteem doesn’t mean you’re evil.
Keep in mind all heroes have a fatal flaw, like pride, you would-be daemon stabber.

>I’ve always wondered why your kind are so possessed of the act, even when it doesn’t result in a child most of the times…
Again, because it feels good. That's why animals incapable of sapient thought do it. Same case with food, warmth, anything that helps something to survive or procreate. Physical damage and danger causes a negative response. That's why addictions are so difficult, something that feels good that kills is relatively new to mortal biology.
>I can’t wait to try out your mortal experiences… so what do we do first?
I'm pretty sure he already knows fear, I can't think of any way to induce humbleness off the top of my head, so try mild inebriation. Like, REALLY mild, he has no idea how to hold his liquor. Perhaps see if he has/got any irrational fears. No Drina, not whatever you're thinking just now. Perhaps some of those books on the shelf have any relevant themes.
>>
No. 600982 ID: 07a835

>>600959
There's hot and cold, various textures to experience... You could try getting drunk I guess, but it can turn into an addiction so my advice would be to avoid it until you're used to experiencing life with a body. Try reading some poetry. Those tend to elicit an emotional response.

Drina... what was that about stealing something? Did a guy steal your first girlfriend? Or are you worried about Steve monopolizing your sister's time so you never get to hang out with her? Don't worry about the latter. She will always be there for you.
>>
No. 600983 ID: 9ddf68

I can't help but find that something as powerful as Steve lost in a new experience and acting like a child seeing the world for the first time while also visiting a candy store absolutely adorable.

Also the asshole part of me really wants to see what happens when we liquor this guy up. Both to see how he reacts when trying booze for the first time and to see what kind of drunk he is. But the rest of me is screaming that having a powerful deamon who is the only thing keeping the town from being overrun by undead and has the power to waste entire cities drunk off his ass is a very stupid idea and that the asshole in me should be thrown off a cliff for even thinking it would be a good idea just because it would be funny.

So instead lets just get some food in her and see how many different things we can try out. Like sweet food, sour food, spicy, bitter, juicy, you know just give him some samples to see what he does and doesn't like. (feel free to order food you love but don't get to eat often since I feel like he's going to be paying cause come on, when will you ever get the chance to have a free meal while leaving the bill on a deamon) If you guys want to try feel good touching you could try getting a massage or something.
>>
No. 600993 ID: f8f7e4

Steve, now that you can try out mortaliy in a nonbinding matter, you should also try out the unpleasant things. Would be pretty sad to become mortal only to find out that you have a chronic fear of death/nonexistance.
Also, what kind of strange behavior?
>>
No. 601180 ID: 2fdec1

Well, since eating and drinking (but not in the booze sense... mostly) are the two experiences common to all mortals starting there would make sense. Just don't dive into the strong tasting food and drink right off 'cause you might just overwhelm yourself with the intensity of the new senses. I suggest starting with some water then a bit of bread or maybe toast and going up from there. And don't rush it either; Savor these new smells and tastes and textures and really enjoy them.

Have you given any thought to a new name for yourself after you go mortal? I know "Steve" is the mortal-friendly name you use now, but it really doesn't sound like a mantis name, yanno; Well, at least not around these parts... Or any parts in this world, really.

Steve, there's something unrelated to the situation at hand that I want to check with you to be sure I got it right: The loops all start at the point in time nine months ago, shortly before we enter this world, right? And they've always started there, yes? There haven't been any in the period before then, correct? It was just a long, straight temporal stretch all the way back through the Dark Age to the Demon War, right? And all the daemon's personal growth and learning to not be evil has happened within those loops, correct?

>It would explain why I act so… illogical at times when I’m in this body in the other loops…
Just how illogical and in what ways? Are there some particularly notable instances you remember from those loops or common patterns across them? 'Cause I think it'd be good for us to know such things so we can figure if you're prone to certain excesses we could help you learn to keep in check or pitfalls you've ended we could help you avoid.

>Indeed, I’m mastering this body in a neck breaking speed. Something that takes two years for you to master I’ve mastered in just a few moments!
Don't be quite so full of yourself, Steve. You're probably just reusing the complex motor functions the previous occupant of that body deeply ingrained its brain over years of use. It'll be the same for all the other continually or regularlly used bodily functions like breathing, eating, drinking, etc., so at least you won't have to learn those from the ground up.

>He’s just possessed a temporally body. In fact, he will need to leave it in time to regain his strength to keep all his other powers from growing weak.
Ah, so he's using this one to get being a mortal down before finally switching over; That makes sense. So how long will he be in this body and what'll happen to it once he has to vacate it? Will it still have basic autonomic functions going, keeping it "alive" and breathing until he returns, or will it just drop dead? In the latter case will he be putting it in stasis or otherwise preserving it for later? And will he be able to return to it at least a few more times or is a new body going to have to be secured every time? 'Cause if it's the latter that's going to be troublesome to say the least. Oh, and if it's going to be left around vacant are precautions going to be taken to make sure nothing and nobody else can attempt to occupy it while Steve is out?
>>
No. 601235 ID: 65a774
File 141564126965.png - (12.24KB , 900x450 , 33.png )
601235

>What the metaphor would mean is that you don't like Mantis-Mantis relationships! And yet you're in one! You bloody hypocrite!
:DrinaUNB: (That’s not what I meant at all!)
>Get better metaphors.
:DrinaUNB: (Fine… how about… your sisters creepy boyfriend goes and kill the weird hobo living down the street, flay him and then wears his skins so he can bang your sister. The worst part is that no one seems to care that he’s wearing someone else’s skin!)
>...Do Mantises have a form of yanking the ear that humans have? Would pulling the antennae work?
:DrinaUNB: (That would work, yeah…)
>That isn't a children's book, is it? Where we come from, Pandora brought all pain, suffering and chaos to the world.
:DrinaUNB: (I don’t know who this Pandora is for you guys, but it’s just a name. I believe she’s John’s daughter in the book… his “little angel” or something. I don’t know, I haven’t read it since I was a teenager.)
>Keep in mind all heroes have a fatal flaw, like pride, you would-be daemon stabber.
:DrinaUNB: (Yeah, and my flaw is that I love my sister too much to just finish of that creep before he does anything bad.)

>Drina... what was that about stealing something? Did a guy steal your first girlfriend? Or are you worried about Steve monopolizing your sister's time so you never get to hang out with her?
:DrinaUNB: (Huh? Steal my- last time I checked Tsure is my first girlfriend. No, he’s trying to take my sister from me, that’s what!)
:DooriyaUNB: (I’m going to guess she didn’t tell you, but her first female crush was kind of stolen from her. See, before she fully realized which team she played for she had a boyfriend… who was kind of stolen by another girl… who just happens to be Drina’s first female crush as she was on her way out of the closet then.)
>Don't worry about the latter. She will always be there for you.
:DrinaUNB: (Not if that creep eats her or something.)
>Hmm, how strong is a Mantis's sense of touch, anyways? I mean, sure, kinetic force can be felt, but what about tactile sensory?
:DooriyaUNB: (It’s surprisingly sensitive for an exoskeleton. While not at par with humans we still feel textures like silk and such… especially with our claws.)
>I can't help but find that something as powerful as Steve lost in a new experience and acting like a child seeing the world for the first time while also visiting a candy store absolutely adorable.
:DooriyaUNB: (Oh, you should have seen him at times in my dreams. Just the joy he shows when he makes me happy, it’s just so… *Squee!*)
>Don't be quite so full of yourself, Steve. You're probably just reusing the complex motor functions the previous occupant of that body deeply ingrained its brain over years of use.
:LightUNB: (I know, I was just messing with Drina a bit… though, I’m still impressed that mortals can master such complex functions like locomotion without thinking about it.)

>Tasty food and drink is good. In moderation.
:LightUNB: What did you say this was again?
:DooriyaUNB: Fish with roasted potatoes… with some alcohol free cider.
:LightUNB: Mmm… It’s perfect! I love it!
:DrinaUNB: It’s just todays special, geez…
:LightUNB: You mean it gets even better! Amazing! Oh, and I love this… cider, was it? It’s so sweet and… and… sweet!
:DooriyaUNB: Then you’ll love the dessert.
>Maybe scents as well? Perfumes, flowers.
:LightUNB: *Snnnniff* …ah… I can’t believe I’ve missed this… it’s like eating with your nose… *sniff*
>Touch would also has been something denied, silk, pillow fluff, simple things.
:LightUNB: Silk, you said?
:DooriyaUNB: Yes, do you like it?
:LightUNB: Oh, adore it… I… oh… just feeling it escape my fingers… I… *Click* I can almost *click* feel the… oh *click* what am I doing? *Click*
:DooriyaUNB: Aw… you’re so exited you started clicking with your mandibles… don’t worry, it will pass.
:LightUNB: I… I… *click* Dooriya, dear… do you *click* have a dress made out of *click* silk, by any chance?
:DrinaUNB: Yuck.
>Maybe hearing music as well, or different types of sounds and pitches.
:DooriyaUNB: Well, then we need to find someone who can play…
:LightUNB: I don’t know… I’ve already heard music when I was a… um… not mortal.
>Try reading some poetry. Those tend to elicit an emotional response.
:DrinaUNB: Of boredom, yeah!
:LightUNB: Oh, that sound interesting! I want to try boredom!
:DooriyaUNB: Maybe later, love.
>Steve, now that you can try out mortality in a nonbinding matter, you should also try out the unpleasant things.
:LightUNB: Like boredom?
:DooriyaUNB: Again, I think that can wait for now.

>Again, because it feels good. That's why animals incapable of sapient thought do it. Same case with food, warmth, anything that helps something to survive or procreate.
:LightUNB: Ah, then I must try this procreation thing then! Oh, and all the ways to do it too, like when the man put his- Ow! OWOW! MY ANTENNA!
:DooriyaUNB: Sis!
:DrinaUNB: Hey! He was creeping me out with all that sex talk!
:DooriyaUNB: At least tell him before you hurt him! I was going to stop him myself… Hon, see, it’s not… um… decent to talk about sex like that. It’s a completely private matter.
:LightUNB: …really? Ah, that does explain why it happens behind closed doors, yes? Very well, I will save it until we’re in private, de- OW!
:DooriyaUNB: SIS!!
:DrinaUNB: What?
>Have you given any thought to a new name for yourself after you go mortal?
:LightUNB: Mur’kok the annihilator, destroyer of words! And the slicer of cucumbers! Lengthwise!
:DrinaUNB::DooriyaUNB: …what?
:LightUNB: Just kidding… ha, if only you should see the look on your faces… but no, I have no idea. I have to ponder that later.
>Also, what kind of strange behavior?
:LightUNB: Well, most of them can be connected to things you usually do… like the thing I shouldn’t talk about in public… and apparently I should stay away from the drug called alcohol, it’s very bad for my sense of intelligence. Oh, and there was this weird thing about some kind of honey candy that I apparently love.
:DooriyaUNB: …really?
:DrinaUNB: Oh, Freyas frozen teat, not you too!?
>The loops all start at the point in time nine months ago, shortly before we enter this world, right? And they've always started there, yes?
:LightUNB: Indeed, they all start at the same time, as always.
>So how long will he be in this body and what'll happen to it once he has to vacate it?
:LightUNB: I got about a week with it… then it will die again and I’ll have to put it on ice for a while. Don’t worry, we’ll keep it from going bad.
:DrinaUNB: Oh, great, now he’s an creep that practice necrophilia too!
:DooriyaUNB: Drina, it’s not like that…
:LightUNB: Necro what now? What does a Necromancer have to do with my body? I don’t raise it with necromantic powers, but by forcing its heart to restart. Different thing, really.
:DrinaUNB: Ew either way. Now, where is that dessert… and that strong drink I ordered…

Insert Operation Dessert storm_
>>
No. 601239 ID: 4f004c

>The worst part is that no one seems to care that he’s wearing someone else’s skin!
Hmm. Where we come from, changing one's own skin was commonplace, believe it or not. People who would be killed anyways, would have parts of their body donated to others who needed to replace theirs. Even in this world, some months ago a Necromancer from Serath discovered a way to transplace body parts from one person onto another. A good number of our pawns there got replacements, themselves!
>I believe she’s John’s daughter in the book… his “little angel” or something.
...Heh. Ceana the veteran's son, Daithi, youwould expect such a person to still be as mortal as his parents, but NOPE! He was Daemon, simply residing in a body as Steve is now, only Daithi turned out able to live permanently in that body without sacrificing...
Oh. Steve's going to do that, isn't he?
>Yeah, and my flaw is that I love my sister too much to just finish of that creep before he does anything bad.
"And so brigands are all a bunch of criminals," right? Except for that one group at the ruins when Bradford got kidnapped. They were good folk, simply doing what they had to.
You admitted that that group was an odd exception, but you refuse to admit that Steve is the exception among Daemons? Our whole quest here is NOT to kill Daemons, but to turn them into good people, Drina. This is your chance to ensure Steve adheres to the mission.
>(Not if that creep eats her or something.)
Good thing you're on the case, then.
>with some alcohol free cider.
"Light Cider," is the short term for that. "Heavy Cider" on the other hand has alcohol.
>Oh, that sound interesting! I want to try boredom!
PFAHAHAH the contradiction in that is simply amazing.
>I don’t raise it with necromantic powers, but by forcing its heart to restart. Different thing, really.
Undead don't have a pulse, so by giving it a new pulse, it's living, not undead. I honestly don't see what you guys see wrong about sapience in undeath, though. Bestiality, necrophilia, they're all crimes because of committing the action with those incapable of sapient rejection. After all, it's not a crime for a Mantis to mate with a Human or a Lizard, right? And yet you're all biologically of the Animal Kingdom. Bestiality is officially labled as "Sex with animals." So, really, even a Mantis-mantis relationship would be Bestiality if you think of it that way.
>>
No. 601244 ID: 9ddf68

I'm just loving the look on your faces. Steve is one of absolute joy, Dooriya is blushing like a teenager on her first date, and Drina looks like the poor son of a bitch that got drag along with a couple only to be forgotten half way through as things just turned into a date, or in short, the third wheel.

Ah well, oh and Drina some word of advice, try not to impose yourself to much here encase Dooriya decides to follow you on your next date... speaking of which how did that go last night, I remember you said it went well but you didn't really give any details.
>>
No. 601248 ID: 07a835

Drina, you realize you're projecting, right? You don't have any evidence Steve is a bad person. You never have. You've been against him from the start, no matter what we've said. You need some therapy, girl.
>>
No. 601287 ID: 6e79d4

> your sisters creepy boyfriend...
Who is the head of a large religious organization, gave us a lot of good advice and nice things, and is trying to distance himself from his upbringing?
> goes and kill the weird hobo living down the street, flay him and then wears his skins so he can bang your sister.
more like an organ transplant from a death row inmate.

>I want to try boredom!
In your dreams. There's never a boring moment around here.
>>
No. 601303 ID: 65a774
File 141565784341.png - (11.90KB , 900x450 , 34.png )
601303

>Drina, you realize you're projecting, right? You don't have any evidence Steve is a bad person. You never have. You've been against him from the start, no matter what we've said. You need some therapy, girl.
:DrinaUNB: (Projecting!? Bah! I’m the only one who sees him for who he truly is!)
>Oh and Drina some word of advice, try not to impose yourself to much here encase Dooriya decides to follow you on your next date...
:DrinaUNB: (What? Why would she- wait, this is a date!? What am I even doing here!?)
>Speaking of which how did that go last night, I remember you said it went well but you didn't really give any details.
:DrinaUNB: (A true lady doesn’t kiss and tell… let’s just say it ended with a kiss.)
>Who is the head of a large religious organization, gave us a lot of good advice and nice things, and is trying to distance himself from his upbringing?
:DrinaUNB: (…dammit, stop proving me wrong! He’s evil and that’s it!)
>Hmm. Where we come from, changing one's own skin was commonplace, believe it or not. People who would be killed anyways, would have parts of their body donated to others who needed to replace theirs.
:DrinaUNB: (… … …you come from a very sick, twisted world… which actually explains so much.)
>"And so brigands are all a bunch of criminals," right? Except for that one group at the ruins when Bradford got kidnapped. They were good folk, simply doing what they had to.
:DrinaUNB: (They are still criminals no matter what their intentions where… and they were mantises… err, human and lizards…you know, mortals. Steve here is a demon, a soul eating monster who wants to consume my sister.)
>You admitted that that group was an odd exception, but you refuse to admit that Steve is the exception among Daemons?
:DrinaUNB: (Because that would mean I was wrong and I’m a freaking jerk to my sister, that’s why!)

>In your dreams. There's never a boring moment around here.
:LightUNB: Aw, I was looking forward to this boredom emotion…
>"Light Cider," is the short term for that. "Heavy Cider" on the other hand has alcohol.
:DrinaUNB: Light? Heavy? Never heard that before…
:DooriyaUNB: I’m pretty sure they got something like that down south at the other side of the world wall. Here’s there just cider and cider without alcohol.
>I honestly don't see what you guys see wrong about sapience in undeath, though. Bestiality, necrophilia, they're all crimes because of committing the action with those incapable of sapient rejection. After all, it's not a crime for a Mantis to mate with a Human or a Lizard, right?
:DooriyaUNB: Can we please not talk about corpses when we eat? See, here’s the dessert.
:LightUNB: Ohh… colorful. What is it?
:DooriyaUNB: It’s called ice cream, it’s from the Erathian islands down south originally.
:LightUNB: MMM!!! THIS IS AMAZING! IT TASTES INCREDIBLE! YES! YES! YES!
:DooriyaUNB: Drina? Where are you-
:DrinaUNB: I’m leaving. You two love birds probably want to be alone. Besides, I promised Alex I would check on Vlad.
:DooriyaUNB: Wait, sis, don’t- …you didn’t even finish your ice cream…
:LightUNB: …so… share it or go after her?

Insert The balls are inert!_
>>
No. 601315 ID: 07a835

>>601303
I think she finally realized she's being a jerk. Also she thought that this might be a date.

Why don't you take this opportunity to turn this into a date, and have us send a message to her? We'll swap over and deliver it.
>>
No. 601334 ID: 9ddf68

Think she left because I made a crack that if she keeps interrupting your date you'd follower her on her next date with her lady friend. that and I think we may have started to plant the seed of doubt in her "all deamons are evil" theory. Oh and one reason she isn't letting that go is because she realizes that if she is wrong then that means she was a massive jerk to her sister and I think she's afraid of letting you down... especially since she still kinda blames herself for you losing your arm. If you want we can follow her to see how she's doing but if you rather we not I kinda want to make sure Anna and Brad are doing fine.

[scan pawns]
>>
No. 601353 ID: 6e79d4

>Aw, I was looking forward to this boredom emotion…
Constantly looking toward something else encapsulates boredom pretty nicely, but it's more like looking around in disillusionment rather than optimistically to the future.

>…so… share it or go after her?
We've been trying to convince her not to hate Steve, with minimal success, as Steve's recent acquaintance with pain indicates. I think the only way to change that is for Steve to defend himself, not us. On the other hand, she may just want to go play Q&Q with the others.
>>
No. 601356 ID: 4f004c

I decided that my post was too confusing even for me, so redoing it
>…so… share it or go after her?
Well, we kind of implied that this is... Well, time for you and Steve to spend together. Not exactly a date, perse, but close enough that when she realized it, she didn't want to be a third wheel, because that's just being mean to you.
However, she IS worried about being mean to you, and that being mean to Steve is, by extension, being mean to you. So, you know, something to talk over with her. You gotta choose for yourself whether to chase her down or spend your time with Steve.
>>
No. 601513 ID: 65a774
File 141572017928.png - (10.88KB , 900x450 , 35.png )
601513

>[scan pawns]
[“The Savage” Status: Remembering. “The hunter” Status: Depressed, having fun. “The priest” Status: Content. “The Alchemist” Status: Sick, happy. “Sister of Wisdom” Status: Worried. “Sister of Power” Status: Angry. “The Valkyrie” Status: Unconscious. “The Creator of Dreams”: Happy, Exited, Worried.]

>I think she finally realized she's being a jerk.
:DooriyaUNB: A jerk? I know she was a bit harsh towards Steve but… a jerk?
>She IS worried about being mean to you, and that being mean to Steve is, by extension, being mean to you.
:DooriyaUNB: She wasn’t- I mean… I understand why she was a feisty with Steve but… I never…
:LightUNB: I think her actions did extend beyond feisty at times, dear.
>Oh and one reason she isn't letting that go is because she realizes that if she is wrong then that means she was a massive jerk to her sister and I think she's afraid of letting you down... So, you know, something to talk over with her.
:DooriyaUNB: I… I probably should talk to her…
>Also she thought that this might be a date.
:DooriyaUNB: A date!? This? No, this was more of a… a…
:LightUNB: We were just hanging out trying out this new body. That’s not really date material.
>Why don't you take this opportunity to turn this into a date, and have us send a message to her?
:DooriyaUNB: Well, I… um…
:LightUNB: Dooriya, dear, you should go after her. I can see that you want to talk with her and I’ll be fine on my own.
:DooriyaUNB: …are you sure?
:LightUNB: She’s your sister and she needs you, love.
:DooriyaUNB: …then I’ll be right back!
:LightUNB: I’ll be waiting… … … … … …um… shouldn’t you guys follow her or change pawns right now… I mean, you don’t have any pawns here right-

[Teal have claimed the pawn “The Creator of Dreams”!]

:LightUNB: Hey! You can’t just go and claim my mortal body as a pawn! How rude.
>Constantly looking toward something else encapsulates boredom pretty nicely, but it's more like looking around in disillusionment rather than optimistically to the future.
:LightUNB: So… I shouldn’t really… hm… like this?



:LightUNB: …man, is it just me or is time slowing down… ugh, I can’t really stand doing nothing any- wait, that was boredom? Sweet! That was awesome! Wait, now I’m excited again! Dammit! Come on, boredom, come back to papa!

Insert How rude, taking control over other peoples bodies without asking first_
>>
No. 601517 ID: dbe554

Uh None of us claimed you.. It just..sorta autoclaimed you, that's not right, we should've been full up on pawns to take another as well.

Also if you want boredom you can't be excited, rather mutually exclusive, basically it's an emotion that typically sets in when nothing else is happening. Can't really force it too much unless you sit in an empty room with nothing to do but stare at a generic, featureless wall.

Also you should eat their ice creams, otherwise it'll melt and then it won't be as tasty anymore.
>>
No. 601519 ID: 4f004c

>Hey! You can’t just go and claim my mortal body as a pawn! How rude.
...What?! I didn't think that was even possible! Sorry, we seem to have a passive claim effect, similar to how Daemons have a passive corruption effect. Although, I'm a bit curious. I've seen a pawn turned player claim a Daemon, and we've had a Daemon king, like we said, but to claim a Daemon like this? I'm going to check your status, Steve.
[scan The Creator of Dreams]
...Say, this hasn't happened before, has it?
>>
No. 601524 ID: 4f004c

>>601519
Oh, we already got a pawn check on him, but a scan on the body might still work.
"Happy, excited, worried." Those first two make sense, but worried? Steve, do you harbor no ill will for Drina, then?
>>
No. 601530 ID: 9ddf68

>Hey! You can’t just go and claim my mortal body as a pawn! How rude.
uh, none of us made a move to claim you, also for some reason when we went to scan our pawns to make sure everyone is doing alright it already counted you as one of our pawns even before we "claimed you", that and it said that Brad was "remembering". is that bad?
>>
No. 601533 ID: 07a835

>>601513
Hmm, now that you're our pawn, you will grow in strength. Will that be a problem? It was for our third/second king.
>>
No. 601537 ID: 4f004c

>Will that be a problem? It was for our third/second king.
Oh, shit, that's right. More power means more hunger.
Uh, well, learning experience for us, I guess?
>>
No. 601551 ID: 3f0c1b

Wait, you are our pawn? Really?
Oh wow, this is crazy, I'm loving this!
[check remaining pawn slots]
>>
No. 601553 ID: 6e79d4

>“The hunter” Status: Depressed, having fun
... What?

>um… shouldn’t you guys follow her or change pawns right now…
something tells me Drina is sick of us and Dooriya doesn't need or want our help, but '“The Savage” Status: Remembering.' might deserve a look.
>>
No. 601694 ID: 330ce5

If you wan to be bored stare a the ceiling.
>>
No. 601751 ID: 07a835

...something occurred to me. A high-risk battle is coming up, right? We might stand a chance of losing Bradford in that battle. Steve, you aren't going to be putting this body in harm's way, are you? So... if we made the Creator of Dreams our King, we are less likely to suffer defeat due to losing our King.

Really the only issue with that would be that Bradford wouldn't have the King's immunity to being claimed, but he's loyal and has a will of steel so I doubt it's possible for anyone to claim him from us. Plus he'd be our Queen piece anyway.
>>
No. 601773 ID: 65a774
File 141581350598.png - (18.14KB , 900x450 , 36.png )
601773

>[scan The Creator of Dreams]
[“The Creator of Dreams”: Happy, Exited, Worried. 100% corrupted and claimed by “The Manipulator of Dreams”.]
>[check remaining pawn slots]
[You have 0 slots left!]

>Uh None of us claimed you.. It just..sorta autoclaimed you, that's not right, we should've been full up on pawns to take another as well.
:LightUNB: That’s kind of odd.
>...Say, this hasn't happened before, has it?
:LightUNB: Grey have tried to claim me in other loops for “security” reasons, but you’ve never done it before…
>Steve, do you harbor no ill will for Drina, then?
:LightUNB: Of course not. She might be annoying at times and I have to admit I take way to much glee messing with her, but she’s still my loves sister. That makes us practically family, right? …and you’re supposed to tolerate family, right? …I think it was like that…
>Also you should eat their ice creams, otherwise it'll melt and then it won't be as tasty anymore.
:LightUNB: God of light to the rescue! No ice cream left behind! Om nom nom!! …mmm, delicious… hey, question, if ice cream taste so good, why don’t people always eat it? I mean, why even bother with boring bread and stuff…?

>It said that Brad was "remembering". is that bad?
:LightUNB: Maybe. Depends on who he’s remembering. Let’s hope it’s his Good father windwaker persona and not the Scourge of God persona he remembers.
>Hmm, now that you're our pawn, you will grow in strength. Will that be a problem? It was for our third/second king.
:LightUNB: My body is still in the realm of daemons, which means it got a lot of room to grow. Don’t worry about me, the extra power is more welcomed then despised.
>“The hunter” Status: Depressed, having fun... What?
:LightUNB: I’m pretty sure you can still be depressed even when you have some fun for the moment.
>Steve, you aren't going to be putting this body in harm's way, are you? So... if we made the Creator of Dreams our King, we are less likely to suffer defeat due to losing our King.
:LightUNB: Err… this body will die in about seven days… let’s not give you a timer, alright? Besides, I don’t really want to be your king at all.
>If you want to be bored stare at the ceiling.
:LightUNB: Ohh… stones… neat…

>Something tells me Drina is sick of us and Dooriya doesn't need or want our help, but '“The Savage” Status: Remembering.' might deserve a look.
:LightUNB: You go do that. I’m busy staring at this amazing ceiling trying to get bored… hmm… wait, is that a ceiling or a floor? I mean, people walk up there and… does that mean I need to be on the top floor to stare at the ceiling? So many questions…



:BradfordUNB:
:VadomaUNB:
:BradfordUNB:
:VadomaUNB:
:BradfordUNB:
:VadomaUNB:
:BradfordUNB: *snore*
:VadomaUNB: HEY! Wake up and stop drooling all over my patients!
:BradfordUNB: Huh? Wha-?
:VadomaUNB: I said you should be here for a little while, not sleep here! Geez, at least have the decency to sleep in my bed with me instead…
:BradfordUNB: Err… can you please stop that…
:VadomaUNB: Why are you even here? You two barely know each other… is it because she is kind of related to you? …or is it because you just want to be whipped by me but can’t confess it?~
:BradfordUNB: I’M TRYING TO HAVE A MOMENT HERE!
:VadomaUNB: Yeah, yeah, I’ll stop with the flirting, hairball… I got a boyfriend now so I can’t go around flirting with everyone anymore… still, you didn’t tell me why you’re here.
:BradfordUNB: …she reminds me of someone… but I can’t remember who…
:VadomaUNB: You got a name or something with that memory?
:BradfordUNB: …no, I… I know her face but… there something there…
:VadomaUNB: …well, that’s great and all but… I really need to go wash my bed sheets now. You know how hard it is to get lizard blood out of them, right? So shoo! Get out of here.

Insert Is she insane or too sane?_
>>
No. 601774 ID: 07a835

>>601773
You forgot again? She looks like your late wife. You said as much.
>>
No. 601775 ID: 4f004c

[Retroactives maybe?]
>That makes us practically family, right? …and you’re supposed to tolerate family, right?
Yeah, but most people stop there at toleration. You went to actually respecting her. There's nothing wrong with that, it's just surprising is all.
> if ice cream taste so good, why don’t people always eat it?
It's not healthy to only eat one type of food. In order to keep the body strong, a person needs to eat a variety of different types.
However, it's healthy enough that you can still have icecream for dessert every day, if you can afford it.
>Let’s hope it’s his Good father windwaker persona and not the Scourge of God persona he remembers.
Well, he's already remembered bits of both, and is perfectly willing to stick to "Good father" and ignore the scourge of gods.
[/retroactives]
>…she reminds me of someone… but I can’t remember who…
You mentioned something before about having a daughter that looked like her, remember? Even if you don't remember anything more than that still, it's an understandable reason to be worried for her.
>>
No. 601776 ID: dbe554

Bread is also far easier to make and store, meaning you can feed families far more with bread and other ingredients, ice cream might be good but it doesn't fill as well.

Also Brad you should let her at least clean for now, typically it's hard to force a memory so you may just have to wait for it to naturally occur.
>>
No. 601790 ID: 9ddf68

>>601773
hey brad, we came by to see how you two are doing. If you're curious on what we've been doing, Steve is walking around in a mortal body for now and last we left he was starring at a ceiling to see how boredom works but seemed to be getting only more excited. Alex,Vlad, and Jal are playing Q&Q together with the caption and the white lizard Jal is banging, and the mantis sisters are still trying to find common ground on the whole, "my sister is dating a deamon" thing. So far it seems that people are using there day off to just relax or to deal with things they've been holding in for a while and haven't had the time to express until now. How bout you, anything you want to talk about?
>>
No. 602289 ID: 65a774
File 141598291997.png - (22.47KB , 900x450 , 37.png )
602289

>Yeah, but most people stop there at toleration. You went too actually respecting her. There's nothing wrong with that, it's just surprising is all.
:LightUNB: Why wouldn’t I respect her? If I understand mortal emotions correctly, then her hatred for me is completely justified. She simply wants to protect her sister from the dangerous stranger, which is to say me.
>It's not healthy to only eat one type of food. In order to keep the body strong, a person needs to eat a variety of different types. However, it's healthy enough that you can still have icecream for dessert every day, if you can afford it.
:LightUNB: So, not only do you regularly have to eat, you also need to eat different things? Is it the same with drinks? Hmm… that would explain the mixed meals they are always eating… I need to research this further… and buy more ice cream too.
>Bread is also far easier to make and store, meaning you can feed families far more with bread and other ingredients, ice cream might be good but it doesn't fill as well.
:LightUNB: Ah, so that’s why bread is so popular!



>Hey brad, we came by to see how you two are doing.
Oh, greetings. I’m doing fine and… um… Anna is… doing fine, I guess… she’s stable, at least…
>Steve is walking around in a mortal body for now.
Really? He shouldn’t wait to spend a night with Dooriya until after the war, should he?
>Alex, Vlad, and Jal are playing Q&Q together with the captain and the white lizard Jal is banging.
…Q and what? …and her name is Mikhail. Please don’t objectify her like that. But it’s good that both Jal and Vlad are up and about again.
>and the mantis sisters are still trying to find common ground on the whole, "my sister is dating a deamon" thing.
That just shows how much they love each other in the end, doesn’t it?
>So far it seems that people are using there day off to just relax or to deal with things they've been holding in for a while and haven't had the time to express until now. How bout you, anything you want to talk about?
…I… I’m trying to remember who I was but… it’s like something is keeping the memories away… like they aren’t really my memories…

>You forgot again? She looks like your late wife. You said as much.
… … … Elusia…why didn’t I remember that? I told you yesterday but… I… I barely remember that I met my brother too… it’s… it’s like my memories are trying to hide away from me… escaping me…
>Also Brad you should let her at least clean for now, typically it's hard to force a memory so you may just have to wait for it to naturally occur.
:BradfordUNB: …then I’ll leave you to- err… … …
:ConrackUNB: Why are you staring like that, brother?
:AnnaUNB: p…p…p…
:BradfordUNB: Elusia!
:AnnaUNB: …o…s…nnn…
:ConrackUNB: …her mind is completely gone now, isn’t it? She doesn’t have much time before the disease consume her completely…
:BradfordUNB: …Elusia…
:ConrackUNB: …This is all probably all a punishment from the gods for your lack of devotion.
:BradfordUNB: What?
:ConrackUNB: I know how you never bothered to sacrifice to them… and look what it brought to the family!
:BradfordUNB: …Brother, this is not-
:AnnaUNB: P…o…s…
:BradfordUNB: Elusia!? What are you… are you trying to point at something…?
:ConrackUNB: Don’t bother. The doctor said that she would be hallucinating before she passed away…

Insert Memories of the sins_
>>
No. 602293 ID: 9ddf68

>Q and what? …and her name is Mikhail. Please don’t objectify her like that.
Q&Q, is basically a game where all you need is the rulebook, some dice, and about 4 hours to kill. Can be pretty fun if you can actually get people into it. and as for the whole white lizard thing, I just suck with names so if I can't remember what there name is I just resort to descriptions, didn't mean anything by it.

>This is all probably all a punishment from the gods for your lack of devotion.
Damn man your brother sounds like a tool.

>p…p…p
>…o…s…nnn
>P…o…s
IS SHE SAYING POSION? DID SOMEONE POSION YOUR WIFE?
>>
No. 602296 ID: 4f004c

>I know how you never bothered to sacrifice to them… and look what it brought to the family!
"Sacrifice?" The Gods don't ask for sacrifices, that would be Daemons posing as Gods.
>IS SHE SAYING POSION? DID SOMEONE POSION YOUR WIFE?
...Wasn't your brother envious of you? A person who gives in to envy would be prime suspect when it comes to poisons.
>>
No. 602300 ID: 07a835

>>602289
Well that explains your brother's violent reaction to seeing Anna. He killed her.

Brad, this is probably about when you started going berserk in the past. Control yourself, don't make a wreck of the fort.
>>
No. 602433 ID: 65a774
File 141606678783.png - (18.09KB , 900x450 , 38.png )
602433

>IS SHE SAYING POSION? DID SOMEONE POSION YOUR WIFE?
What!? Poison!? But, they said it was… but who would…
>...Wasn't your brother envious of you? A person who gives in to envy would be prime suspect when it comes to poisons.
But… but… he loved her… he would never… he shouldn’t…
>Well that explains your brother's violent reaction to seeing Anna. He killed her.
… it can’ be- then I’ve… what have I done?
:VadomaUNB: Hey! Hairball! Wake up!
>Brad, this is probably about when you started going berserk in the past. Control yourself, don't make a wreck of the fort.
:BradfordUNB: Huh? Wha…
:VadomaUNB: Stop daydreaming and get out already. I’ll have her moved as soon as she’s stable enough, then you can visit her whenever you like.
:BradfordUNB: Oh… um…

>"Sacrifice?" The Gods don't ask for sacrifices, that would be Daemons posing as Gods.
I remember that the gods required some sacrifices if you wanted their blessings… a few coins, a bit of food… things like that. I don’t know if it’s like that today.
>Damn man your brother sounds like a tool.
Hey, that’s my brother you’re talking about! He was the biggest tool that ever was.
>Q&Q, is basically a game where all you need is the rulebook, some dice, and about 4 hours to kill. Can be pretty fun if you can actually get people into it.
So… it’s like chess or checkers? But four hours? That’s a lot of time for a board game… hmm… either way, seems like everyone is busy… except me…

Insert All the gods are dead and hell exist on earth. It is called math and is an endless torment_
>>
No. 602435 ID: dbe554

Not so much a board game as a narrative driven game directed by a storyteller with stats to make sure things are balanced.

Though you are free Brad, go hang out with someone, do what you will. Spending your time melancholy will not improve yourself, she will recover so you do not need to worry. We improve people by being with them and she herself is strong.
>>
No. 602439 ID: 4f004c

>a few coins, a bit of food… things like that. I don’t know if it’s like that today.
...Ah. We call that "Donation" nowadays, not sacrifice. A sacrifice is losing something that you can't get back, like cutting off an arm or giving away your first born.
>So… it’s like chess or checkers? But four hours? That’s a lot of time for a board game…
Well, the game can end a lot sooner, depending on the players and the QM, or it could go a lot longer, spanning multiple sessions over weeks. Mikhail set it up for new players, though, so it shouldn't be a multi-session game.

The QM basically creates a world, and the players have to accomplish a certain mission through the use of dice rolls for everything.
>>
No. 602454 ID: 9ddf68

well if you want we might be able to look into this poison thing... maybe. You're still near the barracks right? look for a male mantis in purple with glowing eyes, that would be steve and seeing as he has been around for a while we might be able to ask him about this. Not sure he'll give us a straight answer but hey got to start somewhere. It's either that or wonder around town looking for something to do... or head back to the bar and confront your brother but I'd really like some more information before we jump that gun.
>>
No. 602456 ID: 4f004c

>>602454
Just remember, you've got a new family, you can't afford to go berserk if things turn out bad like we're predicting.
>>
No. 602465 ID: 07a835

>>602433
Why don't we go out and walk around the city? Just patrol the streets for a bit, see if we can find anything interesting.
>>
No. 602523 ID: 65a774
File 141609279043.png - (17.76KB , 900x450 , 39.png )
602523

>Not so much a board game as a narrative driven game directed by a storyteller with stats to make sure things are balanced.
…that sounds a bit advance…
>Well, the game can end a lot sooner, depending on the players and the QM, or it could go a lot longer, spanning multiple sessions over weeks. Mikhail set it up for new players, though, so it shouldn't be a multi-session game.
Too advance even… what happened to people playing chess and checkers? You know, proper board games?
>...Ah. We call that "Donation" nowadays, not sacrifice. A sacrifice is losing something that you can't get back, like cutting off an arm or giving away your first born.
Well, I know farmers used to sacrifice Oxins, Ankwarks and the like so…
>Just remember, you've got a new family, you can't afford to go berserk if things turn out bad like we're predicting.
Don’t get mad and kill people…. Right… I almost forgot that was a bad thing to do.

>Though you are free Brad, go hang out with someone, do what you will. Spending your time melancholy will not improve yourself, she will recover so you do not need to worry.
…but I don’t really have anyone to hang out with…
>Why don't we go out and walk around the city? Just patrol the streets for a bit, see if we can find anything interesting.
Hmm… maybe so fresh air would do me good…
>You're still near the barracks right? look for a male mantis in purple with glowing eyes, that would be Steve and seeing as he has been around for a while we might be able to ask him about this.
…but first, let’s speak with Steve… I don’t know if he was in this world back then but it’s worth a try.
>or head back to the bar and confront your brother.
…wait, my brother is at the inn? I’m pretty sure you’re mistaken… I mean, last we saw him was out at that battle field, right? Either way…

:BradfordUNB: Steve?
:LightUNB: Gah! Brad!? Where did you- never mind, don’t disturb me! Dammit… I was almost bored there for a moment… hmm… interesting, my heart seems to be beating faster… is Dooriya nearby again?
:BradfordUNB: …huh?
:LightUNB: No... It feels different this time… I wonder what emotion this is…
:BradfordUNB:

Insert Did you know Steve was originally from Daemon accounting?_
>>
No. 602524 ID: 07a835

>>602523
It's probably fear.
[check pawn status]

Well go on Brad, tell him you think you remember your wife accusing your brother of poisoning her. Does he remember anything from back then that might support that?
>>
No. 602525 ID: 9ddf68

>No... It feels different this time… I wonder what emotion this is…
surprise more then likely. Anyways Brad started to remember what happened to him in the pass and we got taken along for the ride and after seeing one of his memories we think his wife might have been poisoned instead of just falling ill. Can you shed any light on this?
>>
No. 602533 ID: dbe554

Yeah Brad he's learning about being a person. He's feeling things for the first time and I suppose you interrupted his quest for boredom.

Though you could always see what it's like seeing a Daemon be a newborn in a new body, I mean heck he's your friend too.
>>
No. 602545 ID: 65a774
File 141610031694.png - (17.60KB , 900x450 , 40.png )
602545

>Surprise more than likely.
:LightUNB: Ah, yes! Surprise! I was rather surprised when you snuck up on me like that!
:BradfordUNB: …snuck up on you? You were lost in the ceiling so-
:LightUNB: How surprising being surprised felt! Quick! Surprise me again!
:BradfordUNB: …err… boo?
:LightUNB: …that was just disappointing, Brad… oh, disappointment! How neat!
>Yeah Brad he's learning about being a person. He's feeling things for the first time and I suppose you interrupted his quest for boredom.
:BradfordUNB: …you’ve never actually felt anything before?
:LightUNB: That’s right! I’m new to this feeling thing! AND IT’S AMAZING!!

>Well go on Brad, tell him you think you remember your wife accusing your brother of poisoning her.
:LightUNB: Oh, that horrible! …wait, are you sure you remember correctly, because wouldn’t you have known before you died that she was poisoned and… um… wait… never mind…
>Does he remember anything from back then that might support that?
:LightUNB: Why are you asking me?
:BradfordUNB: Aren’t you immortal?
:LightUNB: Oh, sure, but that doesn’t mean I was there… um… what was it… 300 years ago when you died? I mean, even if I was, why would I care if some random guy I didn’t know wife was poisoned or not? I’m not all seeing, you know.

>Though you could always see what it's like seeing a Daemon be a newborn in a new body, I mean heck he's your friend too.
:LightUNB: Oh! Friends! I like the sound of that!
:BradfordUNB: Friends? Err… we barely know each-
:LightUNB: Oh! OH! I know! You can help me experience some wild things!
:BradfordUNB: Err… I don’t think I’m the right person for-
:LightUNB: I’m sure you know some amazing activities we can do! Something new! Something different! Something… exiting… just the two of us… alone together, Brad…
:BradfordUNB: Err…
:LightUNB: Oh! You look like one of those grumpy men that usually hang out in bars drinking ale and playing dice! I always wanted to taste ale! …well, since I got a body at least… and when I remembered ale existed… so that is to say, I always wanted to taste it since about ten seconds ago… but still! ALE!
:BradfordUNB: …I don’t think alcohol is-
:LightUNB: I CAN’T WAIT FOR US TO DO SOMETHING EXITING! LET’S GO ALREADY! LET’S DO SOMETHING FACINATING! WOO!!!
:BradfordUNB: …what have I gotten myself into?

Insert CAPSLOCK MEANS I’M COOL, YEAH!_
>>
No. 602546 ID: 4f004c

>…what have I gotten myself into?
Babysitting a kid in a candy store, apparently.
Steve, in case your alcohol tolerance is nonexistant, is there a way to kick you out of that body immediately, so that you don't go throwing your powers about drunkenly?
>>
No. 602555 ID: 07a835

>>602545
Okay Brad don't turn him into a drunkard. How about some sort of physical activity? He hasn't felt exhaustion or adrenaline either.

Steve, um, you know Brad wasn't a random guy back then, right? He was Ragnar. Surely you must remember hearing something about his family?
>>
No. 602560 ID: 9ddf68

...welp with Jal going sober we might as well get another mantis dunk. At the very least the hangover should be fun to watch seeing as he damn near cried when Dooryia hit him for being creepy.
>>
No. 602658 ID: 6e79d4

[scan all pawns]
>Are you sure you remember correctly, because wouldn’t you have known before you died that she was poisoned and… um… wait… never mind…
He remembers it as it happened, but was likely too distraught to add it all up.

> …what have I gotten myself into?
A being of great physical power, with the willpower of a teenager. That said, alcohol is a TERRIBLE idea. Try darts or cards or something. And you might want to explain the concept of a societal taboo with some examples before he accidentally offends someone more violence-happy than Drina.
>>
No. 602701 ID: dbe554

>I’m sure you know some amazing activities we can do! Something new! Something different! Something… exiting… just the two of us… alone together, Brad…

Oh god there's so many jokes about this that are going unfulfilled! Also Steve you may want to learn to control your language, saying something like this implies something a bit more like you wanting to take Brad to the bedroom and have carnal relations.

Though considering anything would be exciting for him, we could have him mess around with weaponry, show off your skills and all that.
>>
No. 602812 ID: 65a774
File 141614986454.png - (19.21KB , 900x450 , 41.png )
602812

>[scan all pawns]
[“The Savage” Status: Grumpy. “The hunter” Status: Depressed, having fun. “The priest” Status: Content. “The Alchemist” Status: Sick, happy. “Sister of Wisdom” Status: Worried. “Sister of Power” Status: Grumpy. “The Valkyrie” Status: Unconscious. “The Creator of Dreams”: Happy, Exited.]

>Babysitting a kid in a candy store, apparently.
:BradfordUNB: A kid that can bend reality to his whim too.
:LightUNB: Oh! Candy? Aren’t those things really tasty?
>Steve, um, you know Brad wasn't a random guy back then, right? He was Ragnar. Surely you must remember hearing something about his family?
:LightUNB: Hey, do you know how the wife of the High minister of Derack that ruled 300 years ago died?
:BradfordUNB: …no?
:LightUNB: Exactly!
>Steve, in case your alcohol tolerance is nonexistent, is there a way to kick you out of that body immediately, so that you don't go throwing your powers about drunkenly?
:LightUNB: Well, I can always kick myself out… but you guys probably need to kill this body… which I recommend that you don’t unless there’s an emergency.
>Okay Brad don't turn him into a drunkard.
:BradfordUNB: Let’s not get the soul consuming reality warper drunk, alright?
:LightUNB: Aw…

>Steve you may want to learn to control your language, saying something like this implies something a bit more like you wanting to take Brad to the bedroom and have carnal relations.
:LightUNB: Oh, that sounds kind of like fun!
:BradfordUNB: …err…
:LightUNB: Wait, is this one of those taboo thingies again?
>You might want to explain the concept of a societal taboo with some examples before he accidentally offends someone more violence-happy than Drina.
:LightUNB: So… I shouldn’t say things that sound like I’m implying it will end in intercourse either? Man, you guys have it hard…
>How about some sort of physical activity? He hasn't felt exhaustion or adrenaline either.
:LightUNB: Oh! I’m sure Brad and I can find some way to get our hearts pumping!
:BradfordUNB: Wait-
:LightUNB: Something exiting that will rock both our worlds! …as long as we can do it in forty minutes and inside, because Dooriya can come back any second now… and I almost froze my abdomen off when I went outside. Really cold outside, you know… maybe we should get me out of these clothes and into something more appropriate for the fun we’ll have together. You know, when I think about it… it’s kind of cold in here too… brr… we should do something to get a bit more heated…
:BradfordUNB:
>We could have him mess around with weaponry, show off your skills and all that.
:LightUNB: Oh! I can’t wait to use my weapon! I can almost imagine it already, repeatedly thrusting my blade into the moist inwards of my enemy, until sweet release comes for-
:BradfordUNB: There’s no way you’re not doing that on purpose!
:LightUNB: What? I just said I wanted to fight a bit… oh, right, you mean that I forgot proper weapon care, right? Don’t worry, I’ll polish my sword thoroughly before I plunge it in… or, as I have no idea how to polish a sword, maybe you can show me how by polishing my sword for me?
:BradfordUNB: There’s no way you’re that naïve…
:LightUNB: …I have no idea what you’re talking about…

>Try darts or cards or something.
:BradfordUNB: You know what, I bet you can’t say anything lewd about something like checkers.
:LightUNB: Checkers? As in the board game? Oh, that sounds like fun. Yeah, let’s play together privately in my room!
:BradfrodUNB: Oh, gods… please stop…
:DooriyaUNB: Please stop what?
:LightUNB: Ah, Dooriya, my most wonderful jewel… how did it go with Drina.
:DooriyaUNB: It went better than expected… she just need some time alone. So, what are you two up too?
:LightUNB: Why, Bradford just invited me to play with him in my bedroom!
:DooriyaUNB: …hmm?
:BradfordUNB: Wait, it’s not what-
:LightUNB: He even offered to teach me how to properly polish my sword!
:BradfordUNB: NO! THAT’S NO-
:LightUNB: And he even invited me to do something to get our hearts racing and adrenaline pumping!
:BradfordUNB: SHUT UP! DAMMIT!
:DooriyaUNB: …as much as a girl can dream, I’m pretty sure he’s just messing with you, Brad.
:LightUNB:*Snrk* you should have seen his face…
:BradfordUNB: …all my hate…

Insert stick D into slot A_
>>
No. 602815 ID: dbe554

>Innuendo overload
Blregagh.

Wait Dooriya you want to see Brad and Steve together in the bedroom? Didn't think ya had it in ya girl.

So how's your sister doing now? Or did you find her at all?

Also since we're all together here might want to find something you can do a threesome with.
>>
No. 602819 ID: 4f004c

>So… I shouldn’t say things that sound like I’m implying it will end in intercourse either? Man, you guys have it hard…
Weeeell, it's okay to make a running gag out of it in small crowds like you just did, but definitely not when in larger groups.
>>
No. 602822 ID: 6e79d4

Do not agitate the spiritual being fueled by nothing but wrath, anger and righteous fury against the gods, lest he teach you what real pain feels like. He knows your body is expendable.

Don't turn any of that into innuendo I swear on the god's graves.
>>
No. 602847 ID: dbe554

>>602822

So what your saying is he'd be really good at forcing bradford into bondage.
>>
No. 602848 ID: 6e79d4

>>602847
Oh god dammit don't you start too. That doesn't even make any sense.
>>
No. 602858 ID: 07a835

>>602812
I do believe that is the first time I have seen Bradford blush. Congratulations, Steve.

Anyway... Brad, maybe you can spar with Drina to pass the time? You said you weren't good at dealing with opponents that could match your raw power, so maybe she can teach you some tricky combat.
>>
No. 603206 ID: 65a774
File 141624754965.png - (18.10KB , 900x450 , 42.png )
603206

>Blregagh.
:BradfordUNB: My thought exactly!
>Do not agitate the spiritual being fueled by nothing but wrath, anger and righteous fury against the gods, lest he teach you what real pain feels like. He knows your body is expendable.
:LightUNB: I’m pretty sure Brad aren’t that quick to blow.
:BradfordUNB: …Don’t make me hurt you.
:DooriyaUNB: Oh, how exiting… Think about it, no matter how you punish him it won’t leave any lasting scars…
:BradfordUNB: …what?
>So what your saying is he'd be really good at forcing bradford into bondage.
:BradfordUNB: What? No, that’s not-
:DooriyaUNB: Oh, Steve has been such a naughty boy, haven’t he? He needs to be punished by a strong, capable man like you, Brad~
:BradfordUNB: S-STOP I-IT!!
:LightUNB: Wait, punish me? I thought he was talking about fornication, not pain?
:DooriyaUNB: Let’s just say pain and pleasure is closer than you think, sweetie, but I’m mostly just messing with Brad.
:BradfordUNB: Y-you guys are a-assholes…
:DooriyaUNB: Oh, I know… I just couldn’t resist... Your nerves are so fun to get on, Brad… but, we might have taken it a bit far now in retrospect. Sorry, Brad.
:LightUNB: Hmm… yeah, you do seem rather worked up about it… sorry, we were just trying to have some fun.
:BradfordUNB: …hmfp.

>Wait Dooriya you want to see Brad and Steve together in the bedroom? Didn't think ya had it in ya girl.
:DooriyaUNB: Well, not exactly Brad and Steve… it’s just that they both are rather powerful… one is a daemon lord and the other a windwalker. Let’s just say I got a thing for powerful men being… dominated…
:LightUNB: Err…
:BradfordUNB: Leave me out of your fantasies, dammit.
>So how's your sister doing now? Or did you find her at all?
:DooriyaUNB: I said she was going fine just a moment ago. Weren’t you paying attention? We hugged and made up… and she promised to treat Steve with some respect.
:LightUNB: I shouldn’t have asked for more!
>Brad, maybe you can spar with Drina to pass the time? You said you weren't good at dealing with opponents that could match your raw power, so maybe she can teach you some tricky combat.
:BradfordUNB: Hmm… maybe some sparring will do me good, yeah…
:DooriyaUNB: That will have to wait. She’s busy right now with other things. But you can look her up later if you want to.
>Also since we're all together here might want to find something you can do a threesome with.
:BradfordUNB: Gah!
:DooriyaUNB: Well, after all that teasing we did with Brad we kind of owe him…
:LightUNB: Oh! Oh about letting him have some fun with us! I’ve heard about this interesting punishment when you lose a bet you guys have… Something about ordering people around.
:DooriyaUNB: Ordering around? …oh, you mean like a servant!? Right, that can work. How about it, Brad? You want to own us for a bit? Ordering us around to do your slightest bidding… no matter what it is? We’ll do whatever you want us too, Brad…
:BradfordUNB: Err…
:DooriyaUNB: …yeah, that did sound a bit sexual, didn’t it? Sorry, didn’t mean it too…
:BradfordUNB: But don’t you two rather spend some time together alone? I rather not be some third wheel…
:DooriyaUNB: Don’t worry, we’ll have our fun tonight.
:LightUNB: We will? What kind of fun?
:DooriyaUNB: If you haven’t figured it out then I will be a surprise, cutie.
:LightUNB: Oh, I love surprises!
:BradfordUNB: …right, so you want me to order you around?
:LightUNB: That’s the plan.
:BradfordUNB: Hmmm…

Insert Go away and leave me alone… no, wait, first get me an ale then leave me alone_
>>
No. 603210 ID: dbe554

Well Brad this is certainly a unique opportunity, you now control a daemon/god in a mortals body with all the power that comes with, and skilled warrior Dooriya.

I wouldn't have a clue what you could do, but payback is always a bit fun.
>>
No. 603212 ID: 9ddf68

... Go full drill sergeant on there asses! This way you can order around a superior officer like Dooriya and an all powerful Deamon like Steve. Also with the little quips the shot at you go full metal sergeant on them, or if you don't know what that means no mercy. Put the fear of a wind walker into them.
>>
No. 603220 ID: 07a835

I've got nothin'.
>>
No. 603501 ID: 65a774
File 141633224430.png - (16.32KB , 900x450 , 43.png )
603501

>Well Brad this is certainly a unique opportunity, you now control a daemon/god in a mortals body with all the power that comes with, and skilled warrior Dooriya.
:BradfordUNB: Hmm…
:LightUNB: …so…?
>...Go full drill sergeant on their asses!
:BradfordUNB: Hmm…
:DooriyaUNB: …so what d-
:BradfordUNB: DID I SAY YOU HAVE PERMISION TO TALK, MAGGOT?
:DooriyaUNB: Err… no sir?
>I wouldn't have a clue what you could do, but payback is always a bit fun.
:BradfordUNB: Hmmm…
:LightUNB::DooiryaUNB: …
>I've got nothin'.
:BradfordUNB: Well, a lot of help you guys were…
:LightUNB: Pff, he probably got to bad imagination to-
:BradfordUNB: I SAID NO TALKING! No, this require disciplinary action… oh, this might be fun…



:MikhailUNB: -so see you in thirty and we’ll continue the game. I’ll go buy some snacks.
:DrinaUNB: I can’t believe you like that dork game, Alex.
:AlexUNB: Please, I’m just playing because Vlad wanted me too.
:DrinaUNB: Oh, so you do like him?
:AlexUNB: As a friend, yes, and nothing more.
:VladUNB: Don’t lie, Alexandra, I saw how fun you had beating things up as a barbarian.
:DrinaUNB: Hmmm?
:AlexUNB: …fine, I admit it, it was kind of fun at times.
:DrinaUNB: Dork.
:AlexUNB: At least I’m honest with myself, kettle.
:VladUNB: Hmm… how long are we going to play, actually? I’ll need to start preparing our dinner tonight in just a few hours…
:DrinaUNB: Dinner? Is it a date I smell?
:AlexUNB: It’s a dinner between friends, nothing more. I’m just going to sample some of his home cocking.
:DrinaUNB: Ha! I’m sure you’ll be wearing a revealing dress, your best lingerie and a purse full of con-
:AlexUNB: Drina, have I ever told you you’re like a boil in the ass? You keep bothering me every time I sit down and you got the same looks and charisma as one.
:DrinaUNB: You got boils in your ass!? Ha, seems like Vlad will have to take it up the b-
:AlexUNB: You’re freaking hopeless, Drina, now please go die in a fire and leave us alone.
:DrinaUNB: And ruin our perfectly good rivalry we have going?
:AlexUNB: Rivalry!? Ha! Not even close… Though I have to admit, it’s rather entertaining insulting you.
:VladUNB: Wait, did I miss something?

Insert But they are both green, not black_
>>
No. 603512 ID: 4f004c

>I’m just going to sample some of his home cocking.
>cocking
...Nobody caught that? Such a Fruedian slip, too!
>Wait, did I miss something?
Insult wars, apparently the two are enjoying it. Maybe it's something they agreed upon beforehand, or something?
Hey, is that a portrait or a window? [Attempt to scan those two mantises]
>>
No. 603520 ID: dbe554

Kind of weird to have two naked mantids covered in snow as a portrait, it's probably a window.
>>
No. 603527 ID: 07a835

I'm betting those two are Dooriya and Steve.

>>603501
Rivals? Rivals over what?
>>
No. 603531 ID: 9ddf68

hey look two naked people outside of the window.
>>
No. 603533 ID: 6e79d4

Hey guys, we...
...what the hell.
[scan everyone]
...it gets funnier the longer I look at it.
>Wait, did I miss something?
It looks like they're competing to see who can be the biggest diva child, In before fat joke.
>>
No. 603542 ID: 65a774
File 141634621803.png - (16.02KB , 900x450 , 44.png )
603542

>[Attempt to scan those two mantises]
[“Sister of Wisdom” Status: Freezing, Humiliated. “The Creator of Dreams”: Freezing, Exited.]

>...Nobody caught that? Such a Fruedian slip, too!
:AlexUNB: (YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH! You simply misheard, that’s all.)
>Rivals? Rivals over what?
:DrinaUNB: Existing? I mean, I don’t really have anything to compete for that this malnourished gender confused lizard is a threat too.
>Insult wars, apparently the two are enjoying it.
:AlexUNB: Malnourished? At least I don’t have a large enough gravity well to enable orbit around my fat a-
:DrinaUNB: Hey! Take that back! I’m not chubby!
>It looks like they're competing to see who can be the biggest diva child, In before fat joke.
:AlexUNB: :DrinaUNB: Who are you calling a Diva!?

>Hey look two naked people outside of the window.
:VladUNB: Huh? What are you talking about? It’s just Brad… throwing snowballs and looking very happy for some reason…
:AlexUNB: *Cough*Moon*Cough*
:DrinaUNB: Matchstick…
:VladUNB: Oh, knock it off, you’re neither big boned or starved, either of you.

Insert …wait, they are supposed to be chubby and thin? But they look just like everyone else! What a ripoff…_
>>
No. 603544 ID: 07a835

>>603542
Oh okay, I thought you meant you were rivals over Vlad, which would've been weird since Drina likes girls and Alex doesn't like the age difference. Maybe it's rivals for military clout? I forget which sister is the battle cleric. Regardless you're in the same squad so it shouldn't matter.
>>
No. 603547 ID: 9ddf68

yay we did help Brad cheer up after all. I'm glad.

>Who are you calling a Diva!?
I think I've seen this before, they're going to go for each others throats, something happens, and they wake up the next day in each others arms with no idea what the hell happened.

and with that happy little thought Anything of note on the wanted boards?
>>
No. 603552 ID: dbe554

..Bradford is making Dooriya and Steve walk through the snow down to their skivvies and is flinging snowballs at them, that is the best payback ever Brad.

Hey Bradford! Keep being awesome!
>>
No. 603553 ID: 8f8ce5

Yep, I did hear the sounds of crashing ships earlier. I have to say, Alex and Drina make for an interesting pairing concept...
Though that does leave Vlad hanging as a direct result...Unless we pair him off with someone else? This one is not the most up-to-date concerning the romantic options available...
>>
No. 603554 ID: 6e79d4

pffft hey Vlad, get a bunch of mud, or Jell-o. Pillows might work too.

>Who are you calling a Diva!?
Aww, What happened? did somebody steal someone's boyfriend? Are you both competing for a spot in the school play? Did you both wear the same outfit somewhere? Or did you get tired of bullying Jal, Vlad & Steve like they're your younger siblings and decide to bother each other instead?
>>
No. 603701 ID: 65a774
File 141640943950.png - (16.32KB , 900x450 , 45.png )
603701

>Oh okay, I thought you meant you were rivals over Vlad, which would've been weird since Drina likes girls and Alex doesn't like the age difference.
:DrinaUNB: Exactly! …except that Alex got the hots for Vlad, she just doesn’t want to admit it.
:AlexUNB: He’s a freaking kid!
>Maybe it's rivals for military clout?
:DrinaUNB: I’m her superior officer… as in SUPERIOR! So there’s really no fight to be had there.
:AlexUNB: Hmfp.
>Aww, What happened? did somebody steal someone's boyfriend?
:AlexUNB: …I’ve never actually had a real…
:DrinaUNB: Well, yes.
:AlexUNB: …wait, what? But aren’t you gay?
:DrinaUNB: It was before I came out, you bone head.
>Did you both wear the same outfit somewhere?
:AlexUNB: Pff, like she would get that fat ass into anything I’d-
:DrinaUNB: Hey! Don’t call me fat, you… um… you… skeleton!
>Or did you get tired of bullying Jal, Vlad & Steve like they're your younger siblings and decide to bother each other instead?
:AlexUNB: What? I’m just teasing Jal a bit, I’m not bull-
:DrinaUNB: Steve kind of deserve it, that smug asshole.
:AlexUNB: Wait, who’s bulling Vlad?
>I have to say, Alex and Drina make for an interesting pairing concept...
:DrinaUNB: I like ladies… and I already got a girlfriend.
:AlexUNB: And I like men, so that won’t happen.

>I think I've seen this before, they're going to go for each other’s throats, something happens, and they wake up the next day in each other’s arms with no idea what the hell happened.
:DrinaUNB: HA! Like I would ever be in that charlatan arms! Besides, I just said I already have a girlfriend.
:AlexUNB: And I like men that’s actually… you know, manly and not a wuss like Drina.
:DrinaUNB: You like manly men? Well… heh… I might have a friend you would like.
:AlexUNB: …right, I’m sure you do.
:DrinaUNB: He’s a real athletic guy, probably sporting quite a nice six-pack under his clothes. Loves the outdoors life and you’ll probably think he’s kind of cute to boot.
:AlexUNB: …I don’t know where you’re heading with this but that does sound like someone I’d like to meet, yes…
:DrinaUNB: Oh, I’m just getting started. Not only is he fit, he’s rather experienced in the home too. He can cook, clean, laundry and he can probably give one heck of a back massage.
:AlexUNB: …he does sound kind of dreamy, don’t he? What’s his name?
:DrinaUNB: …*Snrk*
:AlexUNB: …You just described Vladimir, didn’t you?
:VladUNB: You think I’m dreamy?
:AlexUNB: What? No, I… *sigh* Fine, I admit it, if you weren’t so damn young and naïve I would be all over you, but now it’s just creepy.
:VladUNB: Oh… um…. Wait, how did you know I’m experienced with cleaning and stuff?
:DrinaUNB: Your Dad spent most of his time in a pub and I overheard you saying you needed to take care of most stuff at home, so I just guessed.
>and with that happy little thought Anything of note on the wanted boards?
:VladUNB: Let’s see… there’s a group of bandits hanging out nearby…
:DrinaUNB: Who we already kicked the asses on.
:VladUNB: …other assorted outlaws and scoundrels…
:DrinaUNB: Most of which have probably been killed to fuel the undead army by now.
:VladUNB: …a wanted poster for a fair haired bearded human with green eyes-
:AlexUNB: That would be Brad’s “brother”… Conrad or what his name was.
:VladUNB: And a really old poster about Ragnar, the scourge of the gods…

>...Bradford is making Dooriya and Steve walk through the snow down to their skivvies and is flinging snowballs at them, that is the best payback ever Brad.
:LightUNB: Oh, geez, it’s c-cold out!*Shiver*
:DooriyaUNB: I think my butt is frozen solid…
:BradfordUNB: And now we’re even. Innkeeper, get them some warm cacao and some warm blankets.
:UnknownKAK: Oh dear… come with me, you poor things.
>pffft hey Vlad, get a bunch of mud, or Jell-o. Pillows might work too.
:VladUNB: Where am I supposed to get mud from this time a year? At least wait a few weeks for the snow to start melting. And Jello? You mean the dessert?
:BradfordUNB: Now, now, they have suffered enough. Let them have a moment for themselves.
>Yay we did help Brad cheer up after all. I'm glad.
:BradfordUNB: Heh, it was fun, aye, that I have to admit. A keen reminder that you shouldn’t delve on the past to much, hmm? …of course, now I’m bored again…
:LightUNB: Y-you lucky b-bastard!*shiver* I w-want to be bored too! Aww… wait, did you guys feel that?
:DooriyaUNB: Feel what?
:LightUNB: It was like… I don’t know… a small disturbance in the back of my mind… like… *sniff* like… *Atchoo* urgh… w-what was that?
:DrinaUNB: Aw, little mortal Steve finally gets to know what it is like to be mortal…
:BradfordUNB: Bah! Suck it up, ya wimp. It wasn’t that cold.
:AlexUNB: …So, why were they running naked through the snow again?
:BradfordUNB: Because I wanted them too, that’s why. So, anything fun happening?

Insert It’s party time! U ready?_
>>
No. 603706 ID: 07a835

>>603701
Well Drina and Alex declared their undying rivalry for eachother, and Alex came to the harsh realization Vlad would be perfect for her if he was like two years older.
>>
No. 603711 ID: 9ddf68

...is that kind of underwear that steve is wearing normal or no? And if not does that mean he put it on himself or that the guy before was wearing them? I'm not so good with fashion.

Anyways as for what's happening, Drina and Alex are expressing the mutual respect for each other by insulting each other probably because Drina is in a grouchy mood because she still doesn't know how to deal with Steve and I think Alex is looking for a replacement for Jal now that he's trying to go sober.
>>
No. 603717 ID: 4f004c

>…You just described Vladimir, didn’t you?
Even I saw that one coming from a mile away.
>I overheard you saying you needed to take care of most stuff at home, so I just guessed.
Honestly, with how much you've talked about it all, everybody has guessed that.
>I w-want to be bored too! Aww… wait, did you guys feel that?
Disappointment, desire?
>like… *Atchoo* urgh… w-what was that?
THAT was the cold influencing your body. While it can feel good to clear out the sinuses if it happens on the rare occasion, if it starts happening multiple times in the short term, that means you're sick.
>>
No. 603720 ID: 6e79d4

>What? I’m just teasing Jal a bit, I’m not bull-
Drina called him a whore of at least two occasions, and you know better than to claim innocence.
> Steve kind of deserve it, that smug asshole.
The prosecution rests.
>Wait, who’s bulling Vlad?
Off the top of my head, everyone who calls him 'boy' or 'child', that time you manipulated him and then tried to sic Anna on him when he became attached.
Not textbook definition bullying, but I was on a roll with the comparisons to immature schoolyard antics.
> So, anything fun happening?
Well I was THIS close to convincing Vlad to turn a cat fight into a jello wrestling match or a pillow fight, but he didn't catch on. Too damn innocent for his own good.

>Steve sneezes and is confused, like a newborn kitten
DAAAAAWWWWWWWWW
>>
No. 603725 ID: 65a774
File 141642801160.png - (16.32KB , 900x450 , 46.png )
603725

>Well Drina and Alex declared their undying rivalry for each other.
:BradfordUNB: They took their sweet time, didn’t they?
>Alex came to the harsh realization Vlad would be perfect for her if he was like two years older.
:BradfordUNB: Geez, just kiss him or something already.
:AlexUNB: I’m not g-
:BradfordUNB: At least try. Last time I checked you are far from perfect, miss grumpy, and Vlad here is a good kid. He’s young, yes, but he will grow up. You’re quite clearly taken a liking to him, so why are you so afraid to even try? Who knows, it might work out great… and even if it doesn’t, then you can at least avoid regretting that you never tried.
:AlexUNB:
:VladUNB: …she likes me?
:DrinaUNB: Actually, they got a date tonight.
:AlexUNB: What? No, it’s not-
:DrinaUNB: A fancy dinner and everything. She just won’t admit it.
:AlexUNB: It’s not a date!
:BradfordUNB: Well, whatever it is, it’s at least a step towards the right direction.
>Even I saw that one coming from a mile away.
:AlexUNB: oh, shut it…

>Well I was THIS close to convincing Vlad to turn a cat fight into a jello wrestling match or a pillow fight, but he didn't catch on.
:AlexUNB: Wait, that’s what you were trying to do!?
:DrinaUNB: Duh.
:VladUNB: …heh…
:AlexUNB: Hey, stop imagining us having a wrestling match in jello!
:VladUNB: Sorry…
>Drina called him a whore of at least two occasions, and you know better than to claim innocence.
:DrinaUNB: In my defence, he is a whore.
:AlexUNB: We’re just teasing each other, not bulling. Last time I checked he insults me just as much as I do him.
>Off the top of my head, everyone who calls him 'boy' or 'child', that time you manipulated him and then tried to sic Anna on him when he became attached.
:AlexUNB: That’s not- I didn’t- but- I- err…
:VladUNB: Don’t worry, Alexandra, I forgive you.
:AlexUNB: …dammit, Vlad, stop being so innocent…

>...is that kind of underwear that steve is wearing normal or no?
:BradfordUNB: According to Dooriya, it is… but… um… it’s a bit…
:DrinaUNB: While boys usually wear pink and frilly underwear, that’s quite clearly a pair that’s trying to catch someone’s eye. I didn’t think he would think that far…
:BradfordUNB: … he didn’t, I’m pretty sure Dooriya picked out the clothes he was wearing…
:AlexUNB: Well, at least give her credit that she didn’t pick something even more revealing.
>Disappointment, desire?
:LightUNB: Hmm… no, it’s more like… a gnawing sensation that something is very wrong…
>THAT was the cold influencing your body. While it can feel good to clear out the sinuses if it happens on the rare occasion, if it starts happening multiple times in the short term, that means you're sick.
:LightUNB: Oh… well, getting warm seems to fend off that effect, isn’t it?

[Grey: You might be interested to hear that we’ve spotted several large groups of undead moving around outside the city. While we don’t know any way for them to actually attack us, you might still want to get some of your pawns battle ready.]

Insert Eh, it’s probably nothing_
>>
No. 603729 ID: 07a835

>>603725
Oh okay that's probably it. Steve, there's undead approaching the city.

Those that are battle-ready should prepare for battle. I suppose that's just Alex, Brad, and Dooriya.
>>
No. 603731 ID: 6e79d4

>…dammit, Vlad, stop being so innocent…
Yeah Vlad, if Brad got a favor off some awful puns, she totally owes you one!

>Hmm… no, it’s more like… a gnawing sensation that something is very wrong…
Ooh, a sixth sense. Grey says several groups of undead are moving around outside the city, and to get everyone battle ready. It's possible cultists may try to make a move on whatever is keeping the anti-undead shield thing up, so we may want to look into that. Other than that, we may be in for a siege.
>>
No. 603740 ID: 9ddf68

hey Steve did you get grey's call? apparently we got some undead moving around the city, can you use any of your powers in that body or no, mostly want you to act as radar so we can see where these guys are. Because I got a feeling that the zombies are just a diversion for something else.

Brad, you and Drina get ready for combat, since Brad likes fighting and Drina has actual rank so can order troops around, plus with Steve being so close to your sister all day I would think you'd like a chance to hit something. Alex and Vlad, want you two to stay in town incase the enemy tries to sneak people in to destroy the barrier from the inside or something else nasty. Dooriya should probable also stay here because if the enemy does get behind us it would be nice to have a good melee fighter since nether Vlad or Alex are the best fighters up close, that and Vlad is still hurt. Also I doubt Dooriya would want to leave her new boy toy unattended. Also if Jal isn't doing anything could we send him over to check up on Anna? Mostly just trying to keep an eye on where everyone is.

[scan pawns]
>>
No. 603761 ID: 999da3

Wow brad your wit is as sharp as your weapon... Speaking of weapons we got undead heading for the city so you might want to locate yours.
>>
No. 603935 ID: 65a774
File 141650357604.png - (32.56KB , 900x450 , 47.png )
603935

>[scan pawns]
[“The Savage” Status: Content. “The hunter” Status: Depressed. “The priest” Status: Annoyed. “The Alchemist” Status: Sick, happy. “Sister of Wisdom” Status: Cold. “Sister of Power” Status: Grumpy. “The Valkyrie” Status: Unconscious. “The Creator of Dreams”: Happy, Exited, Cold.]

>Yeah Vlad, if Brad got a favor off some awful puns, she totally owes you one!
:VladUNB: Oh, don’t worry, I’m sure she was just having a bad day and needed to let off some steam.
:DrinaUNB: Dammit, Vlad, stop trying to be so nice all the time and take advantage of her being a jerk to you earlier already!
:VladUNB: But I like being nice. Virtue is its own reward, like my dad used to say.
:DrinaUNB: Geez, you’re such a bore…
>Wow brad your wit is as sharp as your weapon...
:BradfordUNB: …are you trying to stealthy insult me or was that an accident? Because my weapon is a hammer… not very sharp, yea?
>Ooh, a sixth sense.
:LightUNB: Only sixth? What happen to all the others… oh, right, mortal body… um… yeah, kind of?

>Steve, there's undead approaching the city.
:LightUNB: Really? Hmm… they can’t get through the shield, so what are they doing here?
>It's possible cultists may try to make a move on whatever is keeping the anti-undead shield thing up, so we may want to look into that.
:LightUNB: That would be me… and they don’t really have anything that can actually harm me…
>Other than that, we may be in for a siege.
:LightUNB: Unless they have an army of cultists that won’t work. We got the road shielded all the way to the next town over… in fact; I’ve been able to surround the whole mountain with an anti-undead shielding, basically.
>Can you use any of your powers in that body or no, mostly want you to act as radar so we can see where these guys are.
:LightUNB: I’m not actually in this body, so I can use all my powers unhindered… of course, most of my powers at the moment is keeping the anti-undead aura up and the paladin powers going.
>Also if Jal isn't doing anything could we send him over to check up on Anna?
:DrinaUNB: I’ll go check on her. I can’t really fight right now anyway… sadly…

>Those that are battle-ready should prepare for battle. I suppose that's just Alex, Brad, and Dooriya.
:VladUNB: I can fight too!
:AlexUNB: You’re wounded.
:AndrzejUNB: He can still use a bow, right? Head up to one of the guard towers overlooking the city, they are always in need of another bow.
:VladUNB: I won’t disappoint you!
:AlexUNB: *Sigh* Why can’t wounded people actually act like wounded people should?
:AndrzejUNB: Brad, Alex and Dooriya, follow me. Grey has given me directions to one of the bigger hordes of undead nearby.



:AndrzejUNB: -preferable, we can just snipe them from the walls until they leave on their own. That way we don’t need to lose any men to-
:BradfordUNB: Did you feel that?
:AndrzejUNB: …feel what?
:BradfordUNB: Something… I don’t know… something is very off… listen, everyone went quiet too… it’s like… they felt some-
>>
No. 603936 ID: 65a774
File 141650365476.png - (26.13KB , 900x450 , 48.png )
603936

*Crash*



:HarvesterUNB: ‘Sup.

Insert Suddenly, boss fight out of nowhere_
>>
No. 603940 ID: 07a835

>>603936
Oh god. Get away from it, everyone!

Which Daemon are you? Why are you here? If you are here to fight us, be warned that we CAN kill you.
[scan Harvester]
[@Pink,Grey: Harvester sighted in the marketplace. The Daemon Hunter would be very handy if it's hostile. It hasn't attacked anyone yet though...?]

Let's not summon the Dagger until we know it's hostile and we have a battle plan. Last time we rushed a daemon with the dagger it was just taken away from us.
>>
No. 603941 ID: 3f0c1b

[check corruption]
[scan everyone]
AAAAAAAAH! SMASH IT! SMASH IT! SMASH IT! SMASH IT! SMASH IT! SMASH IT! SMASH IT! SMASH IT! SMASH IT!
>>
No. 603950 ID: 328308

SUMMON DEBUG DAGGER TO BRADFORD!
>>
No. 603954 ID: 8f8ce5

Yeah that's a WHOA NELLY moment. I've got a thought though. IF this guy turns hostile? We squid slap him. I heard it makes the target smell like fish for a few days? Might help those not at ground zero to tell danger is near, as well.
>>
No. 603958 ID: 6e79d4

...yo.
If you were here to do us harm, you'd be at it already, so why are you here? And if you are here to do harm, you'd better leave. We killed Oracle- and we don't mean sent to the shadow realm, we mean actually freaking dead- and we'll do it to you too.
>>
No. 603964 ID: 65a774
File 141651327191.png - (26.37KB , 900x450 , 49.png )
603964

>[@Pink,Grey: Harvester sighted in the marketplace. The Daemon Hunter would be very handy if it's hostile. It hasn't attacked anyone yet though...?]
[Grey: THE SHEILD IS DOWN! THE UNDEAD IS CHARGING THE CITY WALLS! SEVERAL HARVESTERS SPOTTED IN THE CITY! GET EVERY PAWN YOU HAVE TO ARMS NOW!!]
>[scan Harvester]
[Demonic Creature(Hostile): The Merciful one.]

>Let's not summon the Dagger until we know it's hostile and we have a battle plan.
:HarvesterUNB:
>If you were here to do us harm, you'd be at it already, so why-
:PaladinUNB: CHARGE IT! NOW!!!
:AndrzejUNB: NO! STAY BACK! RET-
>Oh god. Get away from it, everyone!
*Crunch*
:HarvesterUNB: Mmm… such a delicious pawn to feast on…
:PaladinUNB: HE KILLED THE CAPTAIN!! ATTACK!!
>IF this guy turns hostile? We squid slap him.
:HarvesterUNB: …I smell a King and his player… I hear you will taste marvelous when you’re sliding down to my gullet!
>SUMMON DEBUG DAGGER TO BRADFORD!
:BradfordUNB: (While he’s distracted… CHARGE!!)
>>
No. 603965 ID: 65a774
File 141651328281.png - (29.55KB , 900x450 , 50.png )
603965

>AAAAAAAAH! SMASH IT! SMASH IT! SMASH IT! SMASH IT! SMASH IT! SMASH IT! SMASH IT! SMASH IT! SMASH IT!
*Pow!*
:BradfordUNB: -off!!!
:AlexUNB: BRAD!!
:HarvesterUNB: Puny mortal, you really think you have a chance? Surrender now and I’ll show you mercy.
:PaladinUNB: AAAA- !!!
:HarvesterUNB: Delicious souls! All who fight will be consumed!!

Insert That went from bad to worse…_
>>
No. 603967 ID: 07a835

>>603965
[@Grey,Pink: Harvester very hostile. Daemon name is The Merciful One. Haven't seen this one before... Artemis is needed badly. It's worth noting the Harvester is not killing noncombatants. It's also worth noting it is basically instantly eating the souls of anyone who tries to fight it- Brad was spared this instant death, luckily.]
[@Green: I'm sure you're aware but a Harvester showed up and is eating anyone who tries to fight it. My advice is to stay away from it.]

Everyone, don't fight that thing. To fight here means death. It is being merciful, true to its name.
>>
No. 603988 ID: 9ddf68

ok so what do we know about Harvesters? We've been told they'er basically super weapons that can lay waste to entire cities and need a shit ton of power to actually move...

[message to grey: GREY IF YOU HAVE ANY SPARE PAWNS GET THEM TO STEVE AND GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE. We may need to evacuate the city if these guys have seven harvesters, our king just get bitch slapped by one and an entire yard of solders just got vaporized, don't think we can win this. And if not, call a full retreat, throwing more souls will only make him stronger but if they have SEVEN harvesters here that means the mountain has got to be low on defenders. I'm saying if we can't defend then lets attack]

[message to pink: Grab whatever pawns you got, and whoever else you can get your hands on and get the hell out of this city, we're being hit by seven Harvesters and the one we're fighting almost just one hit killed our king. You and your people aren't prepared for a fight, So get out of here, also we have a pawn that's wounded in medical, she has blond hair, goes by the name Anna, if you can grab her and take her with you not only would you be helping us but you'll also give us a direct line to talk to you whenever we can]

[message to green: The undead have gotten in the city and have at least seven Harvesters with them and they're killing solders, Vildmen, and civilians indiscriminately. What's your move?]

Shit he just wiped out everyone and fucking gave Brad a knock out punch, how the hell do you knock out a wind walker?! Well this guy is fucking stronger then us so I think we should just run and regroup and see if we can't come up with an actual plan other then charge the living super weapon and hope for the best. He also only left our pawns alive, so he's probably toying with us, meaning we might actually be able to get away. Dooryia grab and carry brad and fall back to a safe point, your the strongest person we have right now, Alex if you can heal and run then do so, if not get somewhere safe before you try to heal Brad. So much for Steve being able to actually keep tabs on these guys like he said, Christ what a mess.
>>
No. 604095 ID: 2fdec1

[Check pawn status] [Check corruption and purification levels of player and pawns]

...Oh, for fuck's sake! A frontal assault against a goddamn daemon never bloody works! I thought all of us would have figured that out by now but apparently a few of us haven't.

Okay, situational analysis: We have no way to fight this Harvester; Any action we take against it would be suicide. And running is out 'cause it'd cut y'all down before you got two meters. ...I'm sorry guys, but unless you can come up with a better option all I see left is surrendering. The Harvester scans as "The Merciful One," and (besides Andzej) it hasn't attacked any who haven't tried to attack it, so what it said about not fighting and surrendering is likely true... Maybe... Possibly... Oh gods, please be true.

Both of you put your arms up and repeatedly announce you surrender. Dooriya, if they're within earshot yell up to the archers and crossbowmen to cease fire and retreat. (Their shots are totally ineffective against the Harvester anyway so may as well get them out of here.) Alexandra, slowly move back to wherever Brad lands while stating to the Harvester you're moving there to heal him. But if at any point the Harvester says to stop doing what you're doing to either of you, do so. And if you do get Brad awake, tell him to not attack.

Perhaps we could improve our chances that The Merciful One won't devour us if we tell him that we've spoken to Truth. At the least it might delay him while he asks what Truth said. One of you tell him that your player, Teal, found and spoke with Truth.

Dooriya, do you still have that mental connection to Steve you had with him a day or so ago even though he's in a body right now? 'Cause if you do, mentally call out to him to get our asses out of here somehow; The anti-undead shield is down, so without that burden he might have the power to pull it off. And if you don't have the connection then touch his Book and think it; It's connected to him so maybe he'll get it that way.

And curse that Debug Dagger! It's like the damn thing casts an aura of overconfidence over us! This is the second bloody time we've grossly overestimated our chances in using it against a powerful daemonic foe and got stomped 'cause of it.

[@Gray: The Harvester in the marketplace just disintegrated and absorbed the souls of all the Order and Vildman troops here the moment they all started to move towards it! And Brad tried to windwalk the Debug Dagger into it and got horribly sliced and KO'd by a scythe claw for it! If he can't get anywhere near it there's no way our other forces can fight the Harvesters. Order them to withdraw and avoid the Harvesters, lest their souls end up fueling them. And if they do get caught by one, then surrender is the only option that might save their lives.]

[Grant permission to switch to and speak with our pawns to ally Gray] [@Gray: Switch to "The Creator of Dreams" right now; That's Steve, or rather the body he's occupying. Don't ask us how we even got him as a pawn 'cause we don't really know. Just tell him that Dooriya is in terrible danger; That she, Brad and Alexandra are in the marketplace not two meters from a Harvester. If he's got the power for it we need an exit pronto; He should since the anti-undead aura is down. Oh, and ask him about the daemon "The Merciful One," 'cause he's occupying the Harvester we're facing.]

[@Green: There's several Harvesters in the city, the anti-undead shield is down and a horde of them are charging the city walls and our king just got horribly sliced and hurled across the marketplace by a Harvester's claw. So what's your play now? 'Cause if you've got a trick up your sleeve that'll save our bacon this would really be the time to pull it out.]

>>603988
Gray said it was "SEVERAL" Harvesters, not "SEVEN." Not that it really matters exactly how many there are since any more then zero, or maybe, possibly one, within the city walls means we're almost certainly totally fuckin' fucked.
>>
No. 604150 ID: 65a774
File 141659313121.png - (25.51KB , 900x450 , 51.png )
604150

>[Check pawn status]
[MERCYFORTHEWEAKMERCYFORTHEDEAFETEDMERCYFORTHEWOUNDED]
>[Check corruption and purification levels of player and pawns]
[ONLYMERCYWILLBREAKTHECYCLE]

>[@Gray: The Harvester in the marketplace just disintegrated and absorbed the souls of all the Order and Vildman troops here the moment they all started to move towards it!]
[Grey: Steve have told me that they can consume any non-pawn that gets close. Try to keep it away from my men!]
>[message to grey: GREY IF YOU HAVE ANY SPARE PAWNS GET THEM TO STEVE AND GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE.]
[No! Steve can’t leave this place! If this city falls The Blood god will be free to eradicate all of the northlands! No, we cannot fail here or all will be lost! Either we win or we die here today! There are three harvesters in the city! Take them out and Steve will be able to recreate the anti-undead barrier. Pink and green is already fighting the other two.]
>[@Green: There's several Harvesters in the city, the anti-undead shield is down and a horde of them are charging the city walls and our king just got horribly sliced and hurled across the marketplace by a Harvester's claw. So what's your play now? 'Cause if you've got a trick up your sleeve that'll save our bacon this would really be the time to pull it out.]
[Green: Can’t talk, in a bit of a pickle. Lost a pawn to a Harvester, but we’ve been able to wound it. If it bleeds it can be killed, no matter how powerful it is.]

>Dooriya, do you still have that mental connection to Steve you had with him a day or so ago even though he's in a body right now? 'Cause if you do, mentally call out to him to get our asses out of here somehow.
:DooriyaUNB: (He says he can’t. These things are messing with his powers, so it looks like we need to save his ass instead.)
>Oh, and ask him about the daemon "The Merciful One," 'cause he's occupying the Harvester we're facing.
:DooriyaUNB: (Um… “he’s a twat”…)

>Everyone, don't fight that thing. To fight here means death. It is being merciful, true to its name.
>Both of you put your arms up and repeatedly announce you surrender.
:AlexUNB: W-we surrender!
:HarvesterUNB: Then keep out of my way, I got a player to consume.
>Alexandra, slowly move back to wherever Brad lands while stating to the Harvester you're moving there to heal him.
:HarvesterUNB: No. You are staying where you are, woman!
:AlexUNB: But-
:HarvesterUNB: He is a king! He needs to be consumed with his player! Do not worry, you will be free from their slavery soon enough!
:BradfordUNB: Ugh…

>Perhaps we could improve our chances that The Merciful One won't devour us if we tell him that we've spoken to Truth.
:HarvesterUNB: …Truth? Ha! He is simply a myth! He disappeared with the old gods! There is no way you can have met him!
>At the least it might delay him while he asks what Truth said.
:HarvesterUNB: …Very well, squid, entertain me. What did he tell you?
:BradfordUNB: …that you need a breath mint…
:AlexUNB: Brad! Don’t insult the giant death-
:HarvesterUNB: Well, squid!? What did he SAY!?!
:AlexUNB:
:HarvesterUNB: TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME!
:AlexUNB: Geez, he seems to be in his own little world…

[Grey: Pink was just able to down one! Apparently they dislike the taste of a large ballista arrow after having an anti-magic creature thrown at them. She is coming to assist as soon as she can.]

Insert Give him a Mentos, the Freshmaker_
>>
No. 604152 ID: 4f004c

>Well, squid!? What did he SAY!?!
That only through mercy--the act, not the person--will the loops end. It's why we aren't trying to kill the Daemons so much any more. If we can simply talk, that would be much appreciated, though I expect you already know that the soldiers aren't likely to sit by while you do so.
>Apparently they dislike the taste of a large ballista arrow after having an anti-magic creature thrown at them. She is coming to assist as soon as she can.
[Message Grey & Rose: Back when we met Justice, we did stop him with anti-magic, but we did not harm him afterwards. That may be difficult with only one source of anti-magic, but it is important to show mercy where we can, so please try to talk with the last one.]
>>
No. 604153 ID: 330ce5

That cheese is the answer to all things, everything leads to cheese. ALL HAIL CHEESE.
>>
No. 604162 ID: 9ddf68

>Well, squid!? What did he SAY!?!
peace, mercy, and understanding would be needed to actually get the world to a point where it simple doesn't die off. That and the answer to all things was cheese. Not sure if he was being serous there or was just getting tired of us asking him questions.

Also quick question, this whole Deamon war thing is about how there isn't enough food to go around on the other side of the gate where you and your kin come from right? And you have how many of these harvester things walking around and if I recall right these things take a MASSIVE amount of power just to move. So my question is, why aren't you using the many mindless undead you're using to power these things to instead try and feed your people? Hell when we found out about the undead batteries we actually were trying to find a way to gather enough bodies to try and do that once the war was over.

Oh and on something COMPLETELY off topic but do you know of a way to feed a half deamon child without having him eat the souls of others? We ask because one of our other kings turned out to be the Deceiver's child and we don't get many options to talk to deamons so I figured since we're here I'd might as well ask.
>>
No. 604166 ID: 07a835

>>604152
Pink was there, she knows this. Grey probably knows already, too. However, keep in mind that killing the Harvester body via mundane means will not kill the Daemon. We really should destroy the Harvester to eliminate the threat it poses. While it's here the anti-undead shield is down, you know.

>>604150
Merciful One, you are mistaken. We are not a Player. You've lived for millenia, have you ever heard of a "Teal" before? You want to know what Truth told us? To show mercy to Daemons, and that we would have to kill "All those that don't belong". If you let our "king" live, there is a good chance we will kill all the Players. Even the ones we like. To be honest I don't know if the Dagger would have killed you or just the Harvester body you're using. Probably the latter, but it's a moot point right now.

Like it or not, it is in your best interest to let us, the Voices of the Many, do what we were put in this world to do. Oh, speaking of which, Truth told us it was possible to both seal the gate to the daemon realm and send through enough undead to ensure the daemons do not starve. So that's what we're gonna do. We're trying to save you, so STEP OFF, BRO.
>>
No. 604183 ID: 6e79d4

Alexa, our absolute last resort is at your feet, only if help does not show up in time.

>TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME!
You want some sound bites? How about-
'Daemonhood is slavery… and Truth is a slave to the dead gods.'
'Accept and help the one you hate and it will lead you to peace and life. '
'Only with mercy can you survive… only by listening can you know the truth. '
'[The daemons] are working to save themselves… the fools.'
and
'Cheese is the point that all of creation led up too. Everything starts and ends with cheese. Cheese is love… cheese is life… '

He also repeatedly referred to 'death' as 'freedom' and asked 'Set me free… I need to be free!'

So, at his dying request, we're willing to compromise. Call off this attack and we'll see about sending undead to your home dimension.
>>
No. 604189 ID: 65a774
File 141660507902.png - (26.12KB , 900x450 , 52.png )
604189

>[Message Grey & Rose: Back when we met Justice, we did stop him with anti-magic, but we did not harm him afterwards. That may be difficult with only one source of anti-magic, but it is important to show mercy where we can, so please try to talk with the last one.]
[Grey: They are trying to kill us all! How can you show mercy to one of these monsters!?]

>Merciful One, you are mistaken. We are not a Player. You've lived for millenia, have you ever heard of a "Teal" before?
:HarvesterUNB: Oh, right, a likely story. What, you’re going to tell me the gods are back and that you’re best pals too?
>Quick question, this whole Deamon war thing is about how there isn't enough food to go around on the other side of the gate where you and your kin come from right? And you have how many of these harvester things walking around and if I recall right these things take a MASSIVE amount of power just to move. So my question is, why aren't you using the many mindless undead you're using to power these things to instead try and feed your people?
:HarvesterUNB: Because the way to our realm is sealed! We need to open the gate so we can take them over to our side! Besides, this war is about more than just food.
>Oh and on something COMPLETELY off topic but do you know of a way to feed a half deamon child without havin-
:HarvesterUNB: No. Tell me what truth told you or I’ll eat you right here and now!

>Peace, mercy, and understanding would be needed to actually get the world to a point where it simple doesn't die off.
:HarvesterUNB: …what kind of flower sniffing bullshit is that!? This is war, not some… some… picnic!
>That and the answer to all things was cheese.
:HarvesterUNB: …what?
>That cheese is the answer to all things, everything leads to cheese. ALL HAIL CHEESE.
:HarvesterUNB: …you’re either a lunatic or a very bad liar. Both are something I don’t have any time to listen too. Prepare to be eaten, little squid… rejoice, because your sweet oblivion awai-
>Like it or not, it is in your best interest to let us, the Voices of the Many, do what we were put in this world to do.
:HarvesterUNB: Ha! You’re just spouting bullshit to try and make me reconsider feasting on you. It’s not working, grub.

>Oh, speaking of which, Truth told us it was possible to both seal the gate to the daemon realm and send through enough undead to ensure the daemons do not starve. So that's what we're gonna do. We're trying to save you, so STEP OFF, BRO.
:HarvesterUNB: I already told you, it’s about more than just the food! They kept us as slaves! Some of our brothers are still slaves too them! We will free our brothers and we will take revenge on them! No compromises, we will either face complete extinction or victory!
:DooriyaUNB: Wait, Steve told me that you used to keep him and his friend as slaves before the first demon war.
:HarvesterUNB: Yes, they are just servants! How dare they cast us down and take our place! We were created too lead, not them! They are the slaves, not us! We will not stop until we have taken our rightful place and they have become the servants they were meant to be!
:DooriyaUNB: …aren’t you bit hypocritical?
:HarvesterUNB: Who are you to even argue, mortal!? Do you know how it is to live an eternity without freedom of any kind? No, you do not understand out plight! Our hatred! We will win, they will feel our wrath and your precious little player will be destroyed!
:DooriyaUNB: Now you’re just acting like a kid. At least try to have proper debate!
:HarvesterUNB: Debate!? Oh, what, do you think they will stop torturing us because we brew some tea and bakes some crumpets to talk over!?
:DooriyaUNB: It shouldn’t hurt to try…
>Alexa, our absolute last resort is at your feet, only if help does not show up in time.
:AlexUNB: Hmm… (…he’s too worked up with Dooriya… I don’t think he’ll even notice me picking it up…)

Insert Someone is butthurt…_
>>
No. 604198 ID: 07a835

>>604189
Alex: You can pick it up if you want, just... don't kill him unless reinforcements don't arrive in time.

Merciful One, Truth told us we can't kill all the daemons because the world would be destroyed if we do that. Thus, we have only killed one daemon so far, because Truth asked to die, and we hope to keep it that way. Truth believed the only true freedom was death. Speaking of death, the Gods you know are dead dead dead. If you ever see someone using the Gods' power, it's just a mortal from outside this world, stealing the Godly power that still exists. You keep telling us to tell you what Truth told us, but Truth told us a lot of things. Be more specific! What do you want to know?

You know, noone has yet to tell us what they used you as slaves FOR. What work did you do in the daemon realm? Can daemons feed off of the emotions of other daemons, or something? Wouldn't you have starved regardless, and turned into a mindless ghost of your former self? I don't understand what the point of it all was. By the way... Steve will die of his own accord. If you want to punish Bob, then we can probably work something out. Jail the Jailor, perhaps?
>>
No. 604201 ID: 9ddf68

>Grey: They are trying to kill us all! How can you show mercy to one of these monsters!?
some one has to take the first step, looks like it's going to be us. Oh and if we die horribly then you can say I told you so at our funeral at whatever ditch we get thrown into.

>you’re either a lunatic or a very bad liar
yes on both accounts which is why we don't try to lie. If you really want to know what happened between us and truth it was a simple Q&A. we asked a question and he answered for the price that we kill him. He was pinned to a wall unable to move or die since the fall of the old gods and he agreed to answer our questions if we agreed to kill him, for good, as to set him free. That and he locked us in the room he was trapped in and wouldn't let us out until we "freed" him. The whole thing basically came down to who can we trust, how can we stop the war without the world reseting again, and what's the deal with the aliens.

>I already told you, it’s about more than just the food! They kept us as slaves! Some of our brothers are still slaves too them! We will free our brothers and we will take revenge on them! No compromises, we will either face complete extinction or victory!
Wait, Steve told me that you used to keep him and his friend as slaves before the first demon war.
>Yes, they are just servants! How dare they cast us down and take our place! We were created too lead, not them! They are the slaves, not us! We will not stop until we have taken our rightful place and they have become the servants they were meant to be!
...pfffheheheheheheh, really? So that's why Truth was spouting peace when we asked him how to win. Because if we do anything else we just get trapped in a damn loop where one side is simply trying to overthrow the other in a never ending cycle, kinda what's happening now. Do you honestly think you can see the future? your seeing past lives, lives where you have lost only to start over to try again and lives where you won only to start over and try again. The methods may have been different but it always ends the same, you starting over back at square one. I mean where do you draw the line, how far is to far? Will you sacrifice everything just to get a moment of vengeance? Would you stand atop a pile of broken bodies of friend and foe alike with those who trusted you looking up at you with confusion and betrayal in there eyes as the world, both your this one and your own, burn around you just so you can stand among the broken ruins and say you won? has victory become so much that you'd sacrifice your very ideals? I now know what Truth was talking about.
>>
No. 604205 ID: 6e79d4

Crud, should I repost the sound bites?

>How can you show mercy to one of these monsters!?
[reply: Regretfully. The world may end if we do not. We've been going through this cycle of war and apocalypse hundreds of times, correct? So perhaps we need to stop playing by the same rules. ]

>What, you’re going to tell me the gods are back and that you’re best pals too?
Well they were originally kind of jerks, but they warmed up relatively quickly. Must have been the culture shock.
>…you’re either a lunatic or a very bad liar.
Player Teal(Insane)(Erratic) speaking, what the hell did you expect? Seriously, Truth was trapped in a dungeon for millennia, he was the insane one.
>How dare they cast us down and take our place!
That's exactly what you are doing now.

>Now you’re just acting like a kid.
I dunno, the lack of lies and prophet-babble is almost refreshing.

> (…he’s too worked up with Dooriya… I don’t think he’ll even notice me picking it up…)
It damages the fabric of reality when it is used, potentially culminating in the total destruction of everything ever. ABSOLUTE last resort.
>>
No. 604243 ID: 330ce5

I'm telling you, you are not approaching it the right way. Do not think abut what cheese can do for you but rather what you can do for cheese. Also what have you heard about Teal? What do most deamons think about Teal?
>>
No. 604259 ID: b062fb

Don't do it Alex. Just leave the knife on the ground.
>>
No. 604314 ID: 2fdec1

Gray just told us that Pink took down one of the three Harvesters and she's on her way here now to assist; ETA is unknown but we'll find that out for y'all shortly. Dooriya, just keep The Merciful One talking any way you can for as long as you possibly can, but be careful you don't push him too hard 'cause we don't want him getting pissed off enough at you to just kill you.

[@Rose: What's your ETA? I hope it's real soon 'cause we're running out of time here. This Harvester's got our incapacitated king in its claws and is going to eat him and US and the only thing that's stopped it from doing that is our gabbing at it and getting it worked up and we're reaching the end of its patience quick.][Echo outgoing message to Pink and reply to nearby pawns]

[@Rose: We've also got the Debug Dagger in play here; It's on the ground behind the Harvester. And is Eliraz is on the way with Artemis? 'Cause if he is then perhaps after she gives the Harvester an anti-magic hug then Eliraz can scoop up the Dagger and apply it to the Harvester. I know it has shades of what happened with the Avatar of Justice so I hope Eliraz won't object to it 'cause he's about our best option to stick this thing with that Dagger.]

Alexandra, do not pick up the Dagger. Do not even make a move towards it. We don't know what kind of senses a Harvester has. It could very well have "eyes in the back of its head" and The Merciful One is watching/sensing you right now, and in that case any move for the Dagger would most likely end in your death. However, we'll contact Gray and ask him if Steve told him anything of the Harvester's senses and get his reply to you. But don't make a move unless the reply is near certain the Harvester won't spot you.

[@Gray: Has Steve told you what sensory capabilities the Harvesters have? 'Cause we have a situation where it appears we've got this one's attention focused on Dooriya with our gabbing and Alexandra is behind it and the Debug Dagger is on the ground at her feet. We could have her pick it up and try to nick the Harvester with it, but only if we're almost certain she won't be spotted by the Harvester.] [Echo outgoing message to and reply from Gray to nearby pawns]

...Oh, wait, what are we thinking? Alexandra, you don't have to pick the Dagger up at all; We can just summon it to you. That means if it does come down to the wire and no backup is within sight and the Harvester's attention is still focused elsewhere, then you just need to get close enough so your hand is right above where you'll strike and we'll summon the Dagger to that hand; All it'll take is a nick with it for its powers to work. Though, since we don't know how tough the Harvester's hide is, if you do do this move to a position where you can use both hands to drive the Dagger in with all your strength and weight. But just remember: This is an absolute last resort option.

Oh, perhaps we have another option to apply the Dagger to this Harvester. Brad, is either of your hands near to a fleshy part of the Harvester's hand that's holding you? 'Cause if it is then we could summon the Dagger to your hand and you do your Windwalker thing to get a cut in on it before it can react. You think you could pull that off in your current condition?

Alternatively, we could summon the Dagger to Brad as the Harvester is bringing him up to eat him. If Brad holds his arm up so it goes into the maw first we could summon the Dagger to that hand as it enters the Harvester's mouth. Brad might not be able to strike with it, but maybe the Harvester'll bite down on the Dagger or even swallow it; That'd cut it for sure. But if it doesn't work then we can still try to summon it to Alexandra at the last second so she can try to cut the Harvester.

Who's that peeking up from behind the weapon stall? Oh, it looks like the male mantis who was manning the clothing stall. However, lets scan him to be sure of it. [Scan male mantis merchant and echo results to nearby pawns] We'll see if just us squids we can get him to flee. [Influence male mantis merchant with simple instruction/emotion: RUN!]
>>
No. 604315 ID: 65a774
File 141666671872.png - (26.07KB , 900x450 , 53.png )
604315

>[reply: Regretfully. The world may end if we do not. We've been going through this cycle of war and apocalypse hundreds of times, correct?]
[Grey: I can’t see how letting them run wild and consume people will help breaking the cycle.]
>[Oh and if we die horribly then you can say I told you so at our funeral at whatever ditch we get thrown into.]
[Grey: If you die there won’t even be a ditch left for you to be thrown in!]

>Alex: You can pick it up if you want, just... don't kill him unless reinforcements don't arrive in time.
:AlexUNB: (Right… only in an emergency.)
>How dare they cast us down and take our place? That's exactly what you are doing now.
:HarvesterUNB: But it is our birthright to be masters! We were created by the very gods to have that place!
>Merciful One, Truth told us we can't kill all the daemons because the world would be destroyed if we do that.
:HarvesterUNB: Of course! Killing us would be like snuffing out the freaking sun, idiots!
>You keep telling us to tell you what Truth told us, but Truth told us a lot of things. Be more specific! What do you want to know?
:HarvesterUNB: I don’t know what he said, but he has to have said something that will win us this war.

>...pfffheheheheheheh, really? So that's why Truth was spouting peace when we asked him how to win. Because if we do anything else we just get trapped in a damn loop where one side is simply trying to overthrow the other in a never ending cycle, kinda what's happening now.
:HarvesterUNB:
>Will you sacrifice everything just to get a moment of vengeance? Would you stand atop a pile of broken bodies of friend and foe alike with those who trusted you looking up at you with confusion and betrayal in their eyes as the world, both your this one and your own, burn around you just so you can stand among the broken ruins and say you won? Has victory become so much that you'd sacrifice your very ideals? I now know what Truth was talking about.
:HarvesterUNB: …we will win without sacrificing everything. We will be the ones left standing in the end. We will achieve this “peace” you want by utterly destroying our enemies! There is no way for our sides to coexist.
>You know, noone has yet to tell us what they used you as slaves FOR. What work did you do in the daemon realm?
:HarvesterUNB: The same thing you use slaves for! We need to work in our world too! Emotions need to be processed into edible food, constructs needs to be built, and entrainment needs to be made!
>What have you heard about Teal? What do most deamons think about Teal?
:HarvesterUNB: You’re a spanner in all our plans. Too unpredictable, too insane!
>'Daemonhood is slavery… and Truth is a slave to the dead gods.'
:HarvesterUNB: We were slaves to the gods, yes, but now we are free!
>'Cheese is the point that all of creation led up too. Everything starts and ends with cheese. Cheese is love… cheese is life… '
:HarvesterUNB: …why cheese!?

>I'm telling you, you are not approaching it the right way. Do not think abut what cheese can do for you but rather what you can do for cheese.
:HarvesterUNB: Stop it with the damn cheese! That’s it! I had enough! I was promised to have the chance to consume juicy pawns and succulent player souls, not… not having a stupid ass argument about cheese! No, I should have eaten you mad squids as soon as I got here… the other two is already dead which means the secondary goal of this attack has already failed, but I can at least kill one of you! I hope you die painfully, T-
:DooriyaUNB: WAIT!
:HarvesterUNB: Oh, great, what is it now, Manipulators toy?
:DooriyaUNB: Steve is willing to talk about a ceasefire… and he says I might get the others to consider it too…
:HarvesterUNB: …and why would I believe that he’s telling the truth? Huh? This is just some of the Manipulators lies, isn’t it!? I know that you have reinforcement coming and are trying to buy time, but it won’t work. You have already lost! We already got two grand runes and a third will soon be ours. Give me one good reason why I would even consider speaking to the manipulator!
:DooriyaUNB: Well… um…
:HarvesterUNB: ONE. REASON. No more playing for time, no more fooling around! ONE REASON, THEN I WILL EAT YOU! …AND SOMEONE TELL THESE IDIOTS TO STOP SHOOTING AT ME!!!

Insert He’s rather short tempered, isn’t he?_
>>
No. 604317 ID: 9ddf68

how bout a chance to end the war without the lose of innocent life? You're suppose to be the embodiment of mercy, I don't see how ransacking the country side attacking people that have nothing to do with the deamons, either on your side or against, and turning them into undead to fuel your armies is "merciful". And hell use your damn deamon powers, have you ever tried talking before in all those past lives? You have lost and all that happened is that you were sent back to try again and you won and all that happened was that you were sent back to try again. Maybe instead of trying to accomplish things that have already proven to fail and make the world reset you try something else. If you don't trust us or steve then send a massager in your place. What have you got to lose, If the talks pan out then you may actually get to move towards something other then 'try again' and if not then you can keep on fighting your war.
>>
No. 604331 ID: 6e79d4

>We were created by the very gods to have that place!
Those gods are dead. Any authority they held means nothing now.
> We were slaves to the gods, yes, but now we are free!
:AndrewRyan:
Oh? You call yourself free, but you still obey the gods, even after they're dead. They aren't around to keep you in line, but you keep doing you designed purpose. Even after you stopped sleepwalking through life and learned to reason, you again return to the land of the living to sow destruction, just as the gods intended. Even now, you defer to their authority to prove you deserve victory. Your masters must be proud of themselves, even in death they wield power over you. You won't win victory here, Justice, the gods will.
>>
No. 604343 ID: 07a835

>>604315
We asked Truth:
>HOW do we keep the daemons fed while also sealing the gate?
It replied:
Cooperation and compromise.

Is that not a good reason to talk things out? Oh, and Steve is possessing a mortal body right now so he'd probably be really bad at lying to you.
Please put our King down. Brad, stop trying to fight.

[@Grey: We might be talking him down, could you get people to stop shooting him maybe?]
[@Pink: Can you just keep Artemis on standby for now?]
>>
No. 604344 ID: b062fb

>ONE. REASON.

We are tired of fighting.

Call off the attack. We might be able to talk him down. We need a show of good faith.
>>
No. 604356 ID: 2fdec1

>…AND SOMEONE TELL THESE IDIOTS TO STOP SHOOTING AT ME!!!
Dooriya, yell up to and order the archers and crossbowmen to cease fire if you can. Their shots appear to be ineffective anyway so all it's doing is pissing The Merciful One off more and we don't want that right now.

Tell him the reason he should is because this world was built by the Old Gods as a game for them, and the daemons split into masters and slaves and their conflict with each other engineered by the Old Gods merely for amusement; To provide a goal for the game's players to overthrow the daemon masters. That the Old Gods built the daemons to fight each other and pulled their strings to keep them that way. This is why Truth said "daemonhood is slavery;" It is the chains and shackles the Old Gods built into the daemons' minds. And that for as long as the daemons fight each other they are still slaves to the Old Gods' whims and their will not truly their own.

>We already got two grand runes and a third will soon be ours.
Wait, what? When did that happen?! And which ones did they get? ...I guess it's most likely they got the Grand Rune from up in the Pillar of the Heavens, though if they already had it why were they still going for keystones at this point? But which of the other two Grand Runes did they get? ...They didn't get the Grand Rune of Earth, did they? 'Cause if they did that means we blew it six months ago in Amun and failed to secure it.
>>
No. 604367 ID: 65a774
File 141668179646.png - (26.21KB , 900x450 , 54.png )
604367

>[@Grey: We might be talking him down, could you get people to stop shooting him maybe?]
[Grey: …]
>[@Pink: Can you just keep Artemis on standby for now?]
[Rose: Artemis is a bit… preoccupied at the moment. Don’t worry, I won’t attack until you tell me it’s okay.]

>Brad, stop trying to fight.
:BradfordUNB: NEVER! I WILL FIGHT TO MY LAST BREATH!
:HarvesterUNB:
:BradfordUNB: FROM NIFLHEIM HEART I STAB AT THEE!!
>We asked Truth: “HOW do we keep the daemons fed while also sealing the gate? “ It replied: “Cooperation and compromise.”
:HarvesterUNB: That’s what you have to come with? More lies? You probably didn’t even meet Truth, did you!?
>We are tired of fighting.
:HarvesterUNB: Well, too bad, this is war. It doesn’t really care about an individual’s feelings. Now, prepare to be turned into daemon po-

>How about a chance to end the war without the loss of innocent life?
:HarvesterUNB:
>I don't see how ransacking the country side attacking people that have nothing to do with the deamons, either on your side or against, and turning them into undead to fuel your armies is "merciful".
:HarvesterUNB: …It’s… it’s necessary. It’s war… some sacrifices is needed…
:DooriyaUNB: But if it wasn’t a war at all?
:HarvesterUNB:
>For as long as the daemons fight each other they are still slaves to the Old Gods' whims and their will not truly their own.
:HarvesterUNB: …maybe you’re right… maybe we should speak… but… hmm…
>If you don't trust us or steve then send a massager in your place.
:HarvesterUNB: …I’m not the one who can talk about these things. I’m just a lonely grunt in the end. I’ll... I’ll speak with the others; see if we can reach some kind of conclusion. Don’t think this is the end of the war, mortals, we are still enemies. We will be seeing you, either on the field of battle or at the table of negotiations.
>Wait, what? When did that happen?! And which ones did they get?
:HarvesterUNB: Wouldn’t you like to know… of course, if everything goes as planned we’ll soon have a third one too, which means that we’ve won and all this talk about negotiation was a waste of time… but we will meet again, as I said.
>>
No. 604368 ID: 65a774
File 141668180631.png - (24.95KB , 900x450 , 55.png )
604368

>Please put our King down.
:BradfordUNB: AAAA-*muffled*
:DooriyaUNB: …well, I guess that’s that?
:AlexUNB: … … …oh my god… I… what was I doing!?
:DooriyaUNB: Err…
:AlexUNB: Why did I pick up- I should have died! He should have killed me with a thought and I… oh… I… I need to sit down… I can’t… I…
:BradfordUNB: …my head was actually inside that thing’s mouth for a second and you don’t see me complaining…
:DooriyaUNB: BRAD!
:BradfordUNB: I’m just saying…

Insert Why do they just disappear all the sudden?_
>>
No. 604372 ID: dbe554

Did he take your axe with him when he teleported?

Also Brad you might want to cool it with that, this is her first real fighting experience and she's about to have her first panic attack at the realizations of what just happened. Dooirya you need to comfort her, she's not a trained soldier after all.
>>
No. 604379 ID: 07a835

>>604368
Well Alex that was either the whole "Player" thing messing with your head and forcing you to be protective of us and our King, or it was part of the Merciful One's corruptive aura.

[check pawns and self for corruption]
[@Grey and Pink: Success! We have a chance at negotiating with the rebel daemons later. For now though the war continues. Oh, and uh... they have two grand runes. Where is the third one? We really REALLY REALLY need to get the last grand rune so they can't just open the gate without any sort of negotiations. Oh, and Pink, maybe we can see if the poor captain can be brought back to unlife. Or would he object to that, Grey?]
>>
No. 604383 ID: 330ce5

Yeah for small victories, I doubt that anyone thought we could talk sensibly with the enemy. Also people died today and that is shitty to put it lightly, but we have to keep striving for peace! This is the path to a greater future and I don't remember anyone telling us it was going to be easy.
>>
No. 604411 ID: 9ddf68

>my head was actually inside that thing’s mouth for a second and you don’t see me complaining
you took a knife in the eye like it was nothing only for you eye to grow back later, I don't think it's really fair to compare people to you. Plus you're hundreds of years old and pretty much a vengeful spirt on top of that.

[message to grey, green, and pink: Hey good news, we may have opened up the table for peace talks, not saying it's a sure thing but at least we got past the first mild stone. Still probably going to be an uphill battle though. So that's the report on our side how about you two, what happened while we where busy with our thing?]
>>
No. 604427 ID: 4f004c

>>604411
Don't message Green, he's rather zealous.
>>
No. 604433 ID: 65a774
File 141670685842.png - (25.20KB , 900x450 , 56.png )
604433

>[check pawns and self for corruption]
[Corruption at 0%]
>[@Grey and Pink: Success! We have a chance at negotiating with the rebel daemons later. For now though the war continues.]
[Grey: Negotiate? Are you mad?]
[Pink: Great, they maybe we can end this war before it goes out of hand!]
>[Oh, and uh... they have two grand runes. Where is the third one? We really REALLY REALLY need to get the last grand rune so they can't just open the gate without any sort of negotiations.]
[Grey: That would be the Rune of air up in the pillar of heaven. We… well, you already got the rune of fire and I believe they got their hands on the runes of water and earth.]
>[So that's the report on our side how about you two, what happened while we were busy with our thing?]
[Grey: I don’t know our exact losses, but two of my pawns are dead and many soldiers lost their lives today. Green was able to kill one of the harvester by… um… making a tree grow inside it… which was seeded by his pawn the druid when… um… the harvester ingested her… she didn’t make it… oh, and apparently he lost another pawn as well and… wait, where is green? I can’t find any of his pawns and he’s ignoring me…]
[Pink: We were able to bring one of those things down, but Artemis was severely wounded… she will be able to repair herself but… um… it will take time… and… err…we don’t know if Theen will make it either…]

>Did he take your axe with him when he teleported?
:BradfordUNB: It’s right here… it still got Harvester blood on it even. I’m a bit disappointed that he didn’t seem to even notice that I buried an axe in his face…
>Brad you might want to cool it with that, this is her first real fighting experience and she's about to have her first panic attack at the realizations of what just happened.
:BradfordUNB: …weren’t you with us yesterday?
:AlexUNB: It’s the first time I was really close to death, okay!? …and I’m fine… I just need to calm down a bit…
>Well Alex that was either the whole "Player" thing messing with your head and forcing you to be protective of us and our King, or it was part of the Merciful One's corruptive aura.
:AlexUNB: Or as normal people call it, adrenaline…
>Dooirya you need to comfort her, she's not a trained soldier after all.
:AlexUNB: I said I’m fine… I just need a moment to catch my breath…
>You took a knife in the eye like it was nothing only for you eye to grow back later, I don't think it's really fair to compare people to you. Plus you're hundreds of years old and pretty much a vengeful spirt on top of that.
:BradfordUNB: Well, excuse me for being badass…
:DooriyaUNB: You’re more weird then badass…
:BradfordUNB: HEY!
>Maybe we can see if the poor captain can be brought back to unlife.
:DooriyaUNB: His body is heap of crushed body parts and most of his head is in a harvester stomach… I’m pretty sure he’s gone for good.

:VladUNB: Are you guys alright!? I’m sorry I sh- OFF!!
:AlexUNB: *Glomp!*
:VladUNB: Oh… um…
:DooriyaUNB: “I’m fine”?
:AlexUNB: Shut up, hugging time.
:BradfordUNB: …so, what now?

[Grey: SHIT! THE KEYSTONES AND OUR LESSER RUNE WE COLLECTED ARE GONE! Someone stole them while we were under attack!! Who would… oh, I’m going to kill that green son of a-]

Insert So that was their plan…_
>>
No. 604440 ID: 07a835

>>604433
[@Grey: ah, so that's how he betrayed us? I was expecting him to betray us during a large battle by turning the Vildmen against us. So uh, where's the vault? You realize we need to get there before the rebels do. Green MIGHT be able to collect the rune and get away before the rebels kill him for it, but I'd rather cover all our bases. Wait, is it even possible for him to have escaped the city? Did he leave his Vildman army behind? As for negotiations... it is the best hope for the world, and for your people. This war will end the world if it continues like this.]
[@Green: So is that how it is? You just wanted into the city to steal the keystones and rune? Are you siding with the rebel daemons? Or are you trying to keep the rune from both sides?]

Brad, you should probably get some medical attention. Even if you're just going to regenerate due to spooky ghost powers, it'd be nice to quicken the process up a bit.

Alex, um... I think you need to admit to yourself you have feelings for Vlad.

As for what's next, it's time for cleanup duty if there's any undead still wandering around.
>>
No. 604442 ID: 4f004c

>you already got the rune of fire and I believe they got their hands on the runes of water and earth.
[Reply: We still have a chance to change things as far as the Earth Rune is concerned, but to my knowledge if it's already happened, it's VERY difficult to change it.]
>wait, where is green? I can’t find any of his pawns and he’s ignoring me…
[Reply: Green is--
>[Grey: SHIT! THE KEYSTONES AND OUR LESSER RUNE WE COLLECTED ARE GONE! Someone stole them while we were under attack!! Who would… oh, I’m going to kill that green son of a-]
--kind of opposed to Steve. Since we're working with him, he had intentions from the getgo to take advantage of any situation he could. Honestly, I'm surprised his betrayal was so light.]
>Artemis was severely wounded… she will be able to repair herself but… um… it will take time…
[Reply: Well, if she can repair herself, then that's something good.
>we don’t know if Theen will make it either…
What?! No! Not Theen!]
>…so, what now?
Now we tease Alexandra some more about her love for Vladmir.
[Message Green: Really hoping that was your doing, because if the Daemons managed to take the rune and keystones, we're in serious trouble.
If it WAS you, good call grabbing them, Gray's turning out to be a bit... Well, agressive.]
>>
No. 604445 ID: 07a835

...ah! Theen is at risk of death? Alex, we need to get you to Theen.
[@Pink: Where's Theen? Alexandra can help.]
>>
No. 604446 ID: 245147

just kinda noticed that a mantis was hiding during that hole fight behind his stand, now he's walking away, is he ok?

>Grey: SHIT! THE KEYSTONES AND OUR LESSER RUNE WE COLLECTED ARE GONE! Someone stole them while we were under attack!! Who would… oh, I’m going to kill that green son of a
huh, from the pawn we have up in the mountain, last time green betrayed us was by used his Vildmen army to attack your army in the back, kinda neat that he went more discreetly this time. Oh well nothing we can do about it now so no point worrying over it. Now let's plan our next move. Also we'll tell you more in person I don't really trust telling you what we know over open lines like these since the enemy has found ways to mess with them in the pass.

>Shut up, hugging time.
so near death experiences are a turn on then... and now with that moment ruined got good news from gray, Green has stolen all of our keystones and we have no idea what he has done with them or what he's planning, we should probably met up with pink and gray and come up with a plan.
>>
No. 604566 ID: 65a774
File 141675318725.png - (20.79KB , 900x450 , 57.png )
604566

>[Reply: Well, if she can repair herself, then that's something good.]
[Rose: It will take a lot of time, though.]
>[@Pink: Where's Theen? Alexandra can help.]
[He’s already being taken away to get medical help, don’t worry… well, the half of him that is alive, that is.]
>[@Grey: ah, so that's how he betrayed us? I was expecting him to betray us during a large battle by turning the Vildmen against us. So uh, where's the vault? You realize we need to get there before the rebels do.]
[Grey: A bit late for that, I’m afraid. The vault is at the great mountain, the pillar of heaven, which is where the demons base of operations are in this area. They already have the vault secured; they just need the keys to open it.]
>[Wait, is it even possible for him to have escaped the city? Did he leave his Vildman army behind?]
[Indeed, the army is still within the walls… but… hmm… maybe you’re right, this went by too fast. Maybe I’m jumping to conclusions… or maybe he’s still in the city…]
>[As for negotiations... it is the best hope for the world, and for your people. This war will end the world if it continues like this.]
[Go and kill yourself with your naivety, I on the other hand will try to actually win this war.]
>[@Green: So is that how it is?]
[Green is ignoring you!]

>Brad, you should probably get some medical attention. Even if you're just going to regenerate due to spooky ghost powers, it'd be nice to quicken the process up a bit.
:BradfordUNB: Medical attention? For what?
:AlexUNB: …you were sliced right across- Look, you’re covered in your own blood for the Thanes sake!
:BradfordUNB: Bah, probably someone else’s blood.
:DooriyaUNB: Hmm… is it just me, or do your wound seem to disappear when you… um… forget about them?
:BradfordUNB: Look, I took a bit of a blow, yes, but I’m not really wounded.
>As for what's next, it's time for cleanup duty if there's any undead still wandering around.
:DooriyaUNB: The shield is up again. They are being repealed from the city as we speak.
>just kinda noticed that a mantis was hiding during that hole fight behind his stand, now he's walking away, is he ok?
:DooriyaUNB: I’m going to say no, at least mentally. He wasn’t wounded, if that’s what you’re asking.

>Alex, um... I think you need to admit to yourself you have feelings for Vlad.
:AlexUNB: I just needed a hug. Shut up…
:BradfordUNB: Geez, you’re acting like a teenager… and you’re calling Vlad immature…
:AlexUNB: Go to Niflheim, Brad.
>So near death experiences are a turn on then...
:AlexUNB: What!? No, that’s- why would you even assume that!?
>and now with that moment ruined got good news from gray, Green has stolen all of our keystones and we have no idea what he has done with them or what he's planning, we should probably met up with pink and gray and come up with a plan.
:AlexUNB: *Grumble*
:DooriyaUNB: What? He stole the key stones!? That’s not good news at all!
:BradfordUNB: I’m pretty sure it’s called sarcasm…



>Now let's plan our next move.
:MikhailUNB: One thing is clear, we can’t stay on the defensive any longer.
:BradfordUNB: Then let’s attack already?
:MikhailUNB: We have no way to get up the mountain at the moment. Not even considering all the undead and other beast between us and the mountain, according to Steve there’s some kind of barrier blocking our way.
:LightUNB: It’s like the barrier I’ve put up around the city, but instead of repealing undead it kick people who aren’t corrupted by The Righteous One out.
:DooriyaUNB: So we need to find some other way in? But… how?
:DrinaUNB: We also need to hunt down this Green fellow and take back the keys.
:MikhailUNB: Easier said than done… he can be anywhere by now.
:DooriyaUNB: And we don’t actually know if he was the thief or not…
:LightUNB: He still got one of his pawn in the city.
:MikhailUNB: …and you didn’t tell us because?
:LightUNB: Err… it slipped my mind? But yeah… he got a pawn somewhere; it’s just… um… I don’t know where, exactly… I can feel it somewhere inside the city walls, though.
:DrinaUNB: Great… that helps a lot…

Insert Like finding a piece of hay in a haystack_
>>
No. 604574 ID: 6e79d4

[scan bartender, scan bar patron]
[scan greens' pawns]

>It’s like the barrier I’ve put up around the city, but instead of repealing undead it kick people who aren’t corrupted by The Righteous One out.
Completely corrupted or only slightly? Would it be possible to keep some hostage cultists around so our troops hover at around ~15-25% corruption? Other than that, we could look into setting up some artillery.

> he got a pawn somewhere; it’s just… um… I don’t know where, exactly… I can feel it somewhere inside the city walls, though.
We should interrogate/talk to the vildmen, figure out where Green's people have been staying, where they were during the attack, and how they managed to escape.

>Insert Like finding a piece of hay in a haystack_
and everyone bitches when you suggest napalm.
>>
No. 604575 ID: 4f004c

Alright, so it seems that Rose is out of the hunt, meaning we have to rely on ourselves now. We want to locate Green before Grey does, as there's a chance for diplomacy still. Grey is highly aggressive, but as long as Green is not corrupted, he'll be a good backup to have holding onto the keystones and rune.
[Message Grey: Come to think of it, Mercy said "Soon a third one will be ours." It's likely the Daemons had somebody ready to take the keystones. It's possible that Green still took it, in which case, either he is corrupted, or keeping them away from the Daemons. Setting us to Ignore is highly suspect, of course, though there are valid reasons for doing that, even if not corrupted...
I understand, though, that we need to keep our guard up and be ready for a fight, if it comes to it.]
[Message Rose: Shoot! It's never fun to lose pawns, even if they aren't ours, directly. The people here have pretty much outlawed Necromancy, too, meaning a replacement is out of the question, unless done in secret.
I would recommend you sit out to recover, but we're all taking a quick little breather anyways. If you happen to notice somebody with vibrant green eyes, though... Please alert us immediately.]
>>
No. 604703 ID: 65a774
File 141677515741.png - (20.71KB , 900x450 , 58.png )
604703

>[scan bartender, scan bar patron]
[Neutral Creature(Friendly): Bartender.]
[Neutral Creature(Neutral): Completely unimportant bar patron that is completely irrelevant to anything of any real importance.]
>[scan greens' pawns]
[Out of range!]
>[Message Grey: Come to think of it, Mercy said "Soon a third one will be ours." It's likely the Daemons had somebody ready to take the keystones. It's possible that Green still took it, in which case, either he is corrupted, or keeping them away from the Daemons. Setting us to Ignore is highly suspect, of course, though there are valid reasons for doing that, even if not corrupted...]
[Grey: Either way, we need to find Green to get to the bottom of this thing.]
>[Message Rose: Shoot! It's never fun to lose pawns, even if they aren't ours, directly. The people here have pretty much outlawed Necromancy, too]
[Rose: Don’t worry, we got diplomatic immunity. As long as we do it behind locked doors they said it was alright to practice our culture.]

>Completely corrupted or only slightly? Would it be possible to keep some hostage cultists around so our troops hover at around ~15-25% corruption?
:LightUNB: Hmm… I can’t actually say if that would work or not… all I know is that the barrier have been keeping our men from scaling the mountain so far.
>We could look into setting up some artillery.
:MikhailUNB: We got some ballista’s and trebuchets ready to use, we just don’t have anything really worthwhile to fire at.
>We should interrogate/talk to the vildmen, figure out where Green's people have been staying, where they were during the attack, and how they managed to escape.
:DrinaUNB: OH! I know! We can have Brad stand on some stilts and they’ll think he’s one of them! I’m pretty sure beard size is the biggest factor in who have authority among them and as your beard is rather impressive…
:BradfordUNB: …that’s the stupidest idea I’ve ever heard.
:DrinaUNB: Well, what is your idea then? To just grab the first one that pass and ask them where Green is?
:BradfordUNB: Hey you, big guy, where is your king?
:UnknownKAK: ‘ungen? ‘y, ‘e’s ‘own a’ ‘he big brase.
:DooriyaUNB: …what?
:UnknownKAK: Brase? Y’ ‘now, big ‘ire t’ ‘urn ‘he ‘rok’n?
:DooriyaUNB: Did anyone understand that?
:LightUNB: I didn’t… either way, I need to go and keep an eye on all the burials that will start soon… I’m supposed to make sure they don’t come back as ghost or other kind of vengeful dead…

>and everyone bitches when you suggest napalm.
Insert Finding a piece of hay in a hay stack is a lot easier the finding a pile of ash in a larger pile of ash_
>>
No. 604715 ID: 4f004c

>‘ungen? ‘y, ‘e’s ‘own a’ ‘he big brase.
I don't know that first word, but here's what I managed to translate: "---? Aye, he's down at the big brazier." The first word is actually probably just the guy's name.
>Brase? Y’ ‘now, big ‘ire t’ ‘urn ‘he ‘rok’n?
"Brazier? You know, big fire to burn the broken?"
>>
No. 604717 ID: 07a835

>>604703
Yep, brazier. Wasn't the vildman king one of Green's pawns?
>>
No. 604749 ID: e6fcea

>>604715
"'ungen" as in "kungen", which is Swedish for "The King". What with these "Vildmän", meaning Wildmen/Savages, being typical psuedo-vikings and obviously requiring norse-speak for authenticity.

I like it! Brad, go find a brazier make a ruckus around! Bonus points if you call out that you're searching for the "pungen" of the vildmen!
>>
No. 604763 ID: c29174

>[Neutral Creature(Neutral): Completely unimportant bar patron that is completely irrelevant to anything of any real importance.]
Dammit there goes my best lead.

>We could look into setting up some artillery.
Airship bombardment?!
>>
No. 604778 ID: 9ddf68

well if the vildmen's king is still in town it's not like we can just grab the guy. He has his whole army here and I'm sure that'd just start a whole new war for us.

>Airship bombardment?!
could work, how are those bombs Jal is working on coming? could make a good fallback plan if peace talks fall through.
>>
No. 604796 ID: 6e79d4

>>604715
>"Brazier? You know, big fire to burn the broken?"
Well, he did loose some comrades. He might not want to be disturbed. Grey, I understand you're upset that he disappeared when we needed him, but if you want to do the talking, we ask you to try not to make any judgments. We can't afford to loose a potential ally on suspicion.

>Airship bombardment?!
>how are those bombs Jal is working on coming?
oh hey, napalm!
>Insert Finding a piece of hay in a hay stack is a lot easier the finding a pile of ash in a larger pile of ash_
The whole point of the plan is to let god do the sorting.
>>
No. 604898 ID: 3f0c1b

>>604715
If we assume pusedo-norse, or rather pusedo-Swedish, then brase should be brasa or brasan, which is fireplace(or rather the fire inside it), campfire or more likely in this case bonfire, not brazier. But yeah, big fire is right, so let's find where they are burning the bodies of the undead since based on the rest of your translation it seems to be a bonfire in its original meaning, a fire where you burn the bones.
>>
No. 604960 ID: 65a774
File 141683370381.png - (26.08KB , 900x450 , 59.png )
604960

>Wasn't the vildman king one of Green's pawns?
:BradfordUNB: Indeed he is, that’s why I was asking for him.
>Airship bombardment?!
:MikhailUNB: We don’t really have any airships. The only one who got any airships at all is the Serathians at the moment.
>How are those bombs Jal is working on coming?
:AlexUNB: He’s been sick all day, what do you think?

>"The King? Aye, he's down at the big bonfire." "Bonfire? You know, big fire to burn the broken?"
:DooriyaUNB: Well, they have probably set up a bunch of bonfires by now to burn those that was killed in the attack…
:MikhailUNB: Indeed. They are almost done preparing the rituals for the burials, so there should be a lot of people there by now.
>Well, he did lose some comrades. He might not want to be disturbed.
:DooriyaUNB: Hmm… that should be one reason why he’s ignoring us, yes… it sounds more and more like grey is just jumping to conclusions.
:MikhailUNB: Well, I know firsthand that grey and green never really liked each other.
>Grey, I understand you're upset that he disappeared when we needed him, but if you want to do the talking, we ask you to try not to make any judgments. We can't afford to lose a potential ally on suspicion.
:MikhailUNB: Grey says that you can talk to him if you want, but if you don’t get any results he will come in and do it his way.
>If the vildmen's king is still in town it's not like we can just grab the guy. He has his whole army here and I'm sure that'd just start a whole new war for us.
:DooriyaUNB: And that’s why we talk to him instead of kidnapping him!

>Brad, go find a bonfire with some ruckus around it! Bonus points if you call out that you're searching for the "pungen" of the vildmen!
:DrinaUNB: …why do I get the feeling this is a very bad idea?
:BradfordUNB: Bah, stop being so paranoid, lass.



:BradfordUNB: Ho there, fierce warriors! It’s vitally important that I get to see your “pung” at once!
:UnknownKAK: …what?
:UnknownKAK: Did the lads put you up to this, son?
:UnknownKAK: Well, you can go tell them if they want to see one they better grow a pair themselves!
:UnknownKAK: And tell them that Ronja and I will be over shortly to kick them in it too.
:DooriyaUNB: Err… please ignore whatever offensive thing my idiot friend here asked for, but what he meant was your king, where is he?
:UnknownKAK: Ah! Kung! Of course! Why, see that large pyre over there? The one dedicated to that druid you had? He should be close to that one. Of course, this might not be the best of times to disturb him.

>The whole point of the plan is to let god do the sorting.
Insert Blowing up your house and letting god sort through the rubble is not a viable method of finding your lost car keys… mostly because god will nab them if he gets the chance_
>>
No. 604974 ID: 4f004c

Hahah, Brad, "Pung" means scrotum. You just asked to see their balls.
>The one dedicated to that druid you had? He should be close to that one. Of course, this might not be the best of times to disturb him.
Then respect him, but also respect his loss. Go to him and join him in prayer or whatever.
>>
No. 604980 ID: 07a835

>>604960
[scan the group over there]

...I forget who that green-eyed guy is.
>>
No. 604982 ID: 330ce5

When going to meet him stay silent and be patient for a bit. If all possible you should wait for him to start talking to you, but if it takes too long try to get his attention. The goal is to talk, to find the truth and get back to smashing undead heads!
>>
No. 605006 ID: 65a774
File 141685611934.png - (26.54KB , 900x450 , 60.png )
605006

>[scan the group over there]
[Neutral Creature(Neutral): Civilian] x 5

>...I forget who that green-eyed guy is.
:DooriyaUNB: I believe he got a stall that sells weapons or something… I don’t know, maybe I’m thinking about some other human with sideburns.
>Hahah, Brad, "Pung" means scrotum. You just asked to see their balls.
:BradfordUNB: I did what?
:DooriyaUNB: You’re lucky those two where ladies, who knows what would happen if they actually had a pair.
:DrinaUNB: Bah! Those ladies had more balls then most men I’ve met.

>When going to meet him stay silent and be patient for a bit. If all possible you should wait for him to start talking to you, but if it takes too long try to get his attention.
:DooriyaUNB: Behave yourself, both of you.
:BradfordUNB: :DrinaUNB: Yes, mother…
>The goal is to talk, to find the truth and get back to smashing undead heads!
:BradfordUNB: Bah, undead heads are so boring to smash! I need something a bit… bigger…
:DrinaUNB: You’re imagining smashing in a harvester head aren’t you?
:BradfordUNB: You know it, girlfriend!
:DrinaUNB: You’re nuts…
:BradfordUNB: Speaking of Harvesters… that’s one hel of a pyre…
:DooriyaUNB: Oh, yeah, she was… eaten by one of them, wasn’t she?
:BradfordUNB: So… let’s go in with weapons raised?
:DooriyaUNB: What? No, that’s-
:DrinaUNB: Yeah! Let’s beat the location of the stones out of him already!
:DooriyaUNB: Geez, you two will start a war if you’re left unattended…
:BradfordUNB: Then how should we approach him? I’m pretty sure we can’t just walk up to a king and start talking…

Insert Hey, the kings back!_
>>
No. 605007 ID: dbe554

>>604982

Pretty much, as much as this whole player thing is to be facilitated the main enemy is still and will forever be the undead war.
>>
No. 605015 ID: 07a835

>>605006
Beeeeaaaaard...

Wait until the pyre is lit. Then approach one of his men and ask for an audience with their king.
>>
No. 605020 ID: 6e79d4

Damn shame to burn the whole tree, it'd better serve as a memorial.

>Then how should we approach him? I’m pretty sure we can’t just walk up to a king and start talking…
Take it slow, lie as little as possible. Wait at the pyreside a bit, if he immediately tells you to fuck off, do it. If he asks why we're here, say you wanted to see the one who killed a harvester sent off, it was a noble sacrifice. If he asks why we didn't kill ours, say you were stalling for time (technically our plan b), underestimated Teals' silver tongue/ability to bullshit, and actually convinced him to bugger off. You weren't happy with it, but there wasn't anything anti-magical in the area. Keep in mind he may think we're working with the daemons, especially after we didn't kill that harvester, so he'll probably express sentiments against Steve or about leaving this war; explain that the daemons aren't just a local problem, and we'll need to stand arms linked against the wind or it's every man for himself. After he's no longer upset or angry, explain that the Keystone and lesser runes are missing, and that Grey thinks it was Green because of the way he disappeared immediately afterwards. Don't give him shit or joke around, he's both royalty and in mourning.

>So… let’s go in with weapons raised?
>Let’s beat the location of the stones out of him already!
Lastly, Brad and Drina aren't allowed to say anything.
>>
No. 605022 ID: 4f004c

Is it just me, or does that skull look frightened? [scan the "Skull"][If it registers as a creature, echo scan to Dooriya]
>>
No. 605027 ID: 9ddf68

>Yeah! Let’s beat the location of the stones out of him already!
Even if he did take the stones I highly doubt that he's working with the deamons. It just seems to out of character for him. More likely he took them to keep them away form the deamons and Steve since he see's them both as more or the same, if he took them at all.

>Then how should we approach him? I’m pretty sure we can’t just walk up to a king and start talking…
Well it is a funeral so I'd personally wait until they're done out of respect for the fallen and I would finis it rude as hell to have someone walk in on my funeral and start asking my friends if they are thieves regardless of whether or not they're trying to be friendly about how they ask or not. So we might as well wait. Besides even if we did rush it and everything worked out alright it's not like we're going to be able to just jump straight into action anyways after that attack.
>>
No. 605046 ID: 2fdec1

[Scan Vildmen and Vildman king] Just to be sure.

Alright, that female Vildmen said this wouldn't be the best of times to disturb the king and I'm inclined to agree with her. Barging in and not showing the king respect would be a mess. However, I also don't want this to drag on; We are against the clock here, after all. Move up so the king can see that we're here and give them a minute or two, but if it looks like it's going to turn into some long-winded Vildman funeral rite with song after song of singing we're gonna have to figure out some way to get our message through without interrupting. Perhaps painting it on a poster board and holding it up so the king can read it without stopping the funeral would work?

Dooriya, you have Steve's Book on you, don't you? Get it out and skim over Vildman funeral rites; Specifically ones for those who fell in battle killing a powerful foe like the druid did. Check how long they are and how much of a social faux pas it is to interrupt and if there's a way to interrupt without causing a serious issue.

Drina, if the situation calls for it you might have a small part to say for the fallen since she was the one who introduced you to Tsure and if not for that you probably wouldn't be together.

Hey, any of you got a mirror? It's pretty likely Green is here right now watching but I want one of you to check to be sure of it. Plus if he's here I'd want to know what his form looks like 'cause I don't think we've actually seen it yet.

Also, do we know for sure that the Vildman king is Green's king? I mean, I don't know of any way a player could check outside of attempting to seize him as a pawn and getting blocked 'cause kings can't be seized, and then the shit'll really hit the fan for even making the attempt. So, did Steve use his daemon powers to check if he's Green's king or what?

Hm... Yanno, if the Blood God's forces could teleport three Harvesters into this city, what's to say they couldn't have dropped one or two Corrupted into where the keystones and lesser rune were? Then they scooped them up and made tele-portals out. Just another possible way they could have been taken. Oh, and I really want to know how the fuck they could teleport three Harvesters right into this city and how much power that took. 'Cause being able to drop their most powerful units behind our defenses kinda negates them, yanno.

>You’re imagining smashing in a harvester head aren’t you?
>You know it, girlfriend!
...Yanno, there's a Harvester head right there, Brad. Maybe after the funeral rites are said and done and the pyre lit and we're sure it won't cause a diplomatic incident you could smash it with a flying maximum Windwalker overhead hammer smash. Of course it won't be nearly as good as if you did it in combat, but it exploding like a giant purple goo watermelon would be a sight to see.

[@Rose: If you don't mind, could you please keep us updated with how Theen's doing? I just want to know if our favorite foul-mouthed masochist is going to pull through all this. ...Also, just how badly was his lower half removed? Was it a clean cut and it could be reattached with either copious healing magic or, failing that, through necromantic means, or was it beyond recovery and he's going to need a replacement?]
>>
No. 605061 ID: 65a774
File 141686995073.png - (29.51KB , 900x450 , 61B.png )
605061

>[@Rose: If you don't mind, could you please keep us updated with how Theen's doing?]
[Rose: Of course. He’s still alive as of now, but in a critical condition.]
>[..Also, just how badly was his lower half removed? Was it a clean cut or was it beyond recovery and he's going to need a replacement?]]
[It cut through him like he was butter…]

>Beeeeaaaaard...
:BradfordUNB: It’s magnificent, isn’t it? Oh, if only I had a chance with that beard… we would be so happy together, raising our little beards babies in a lonely cabin overlooking a lake…
:DrinaUNB: …err… what?
:BradfordUNB: But I guess it’s only in our dreams we reach perfection, isn’t it? How sad…
>Do we know for sure that the Vildman king is Green's king?
:DrinaUNB: Well, he’s one of green pawns and he’s a king…
:DooriyaUNB: That is to say, we don’t know.
>Yanno, if the Blood God's forces could teleport three Harvesters into this city, what's to say they couldn't have dropped one or two Corrupted into where the keystones and lesser rune were?
:DooriyaUNB: Becouse they shouldn’t have known where we kept them! We got a lot of anti-demon protection around those areas.
>Damn shame to burn the whole tree, it'd better serve as a memorial.
:DooriyaUNB: Well, we need to burn the body if she want a chance to reach the great halls… and most of her is still probably inside that… thing…
:DrinaUNB: Besides, it’s growing out of that things corpse! I’m pretty sure that’s not a good place for a tree at all.
>Is it just me, or does that skull look frightened?
:DooriyaUNB: Hmm? How can a skull look frighten? …you mean the golden coins? She will need them on the other side to pay the Thane for safe passage through Niflheim on her way to the grand halls.
>Even if he did take the stones I highly doubt that he's working with the deamons.
:DrinaUNB: Either way, he’s a thief and deserve a-
:DooriyaUNB: *Cough*
:DrinaUNB: …fine…
>Perhaps painting it on a poster board and holding it up so the king can read it without stopping the funeral would work?
:DooriyaUNB:
:DrinaUNB: That’s an awesome-
:DooriyaUNB: That’s a terrible idea!
>Dooriya, you have Steve's Book on you, don't you? Get it out and skim over Vildman funeral rites; Specifically ones for those who fell in battle killing a powerful foe like the druid did.
:DooriyaUNB: I’m pretty sure those funeral rites are for vildmän not lizards…

>Well it is a funeral so I'd personally wait until they're done out of respect for the fallen.
:DooriyaUNB: Of course. We can’t disturb them while they are mourning.
:DrinaUNB: But… that will take hours!
:DooriyaUNB: You’re free to leave if you want to.
>Take it slow, lie as little as possible.
:DooriyaUNB: Lie? Why would we even consider lying? Lying about what?
>Lastly, Brad and Drina aren't allowed to say anything.
:DrinaUNB: Aw… you’re no fun.
:BradfordUNB: Beeeaaard…
>Approach one of his men and ask for an audience with their king.
:UnknownKAK: Halt! Who goes there!?
:DooriyaUNB: Oh, we’re here seeking an audience with the king… but we will wait for the funeral to-
:BeardUNB: No need. I’ve grieved about lost lives enough for one life time. What do you wish to speak of?
>If he asks why we're here, say you wanted to see the one who killed a harvester sent off, it was a noble sacrifice.
:BeardUNB: Sacrifice? While she died with honor, it wasn’t a sacrifice. I do not believe she wished to be grabbed by that beast, and if her last action was made out of spite, desperation or to protect us I cannot tell. What I can say is that she was a remarkable woman that will be missed. May she pass the misty valleys without delay. But you’re not here to hear a king without a throne talk about the fallen, are you?
>Explain that the Keystone and lesser runes are missing, and that Grey thinks it was Green because of the way he disappeared immediately afterwards.
:BeardUNB: Hmm… it is possible, isn’t it? I haven’t spoken with Green since the attack, and he seemed rather furious about it. Oh, he did leave one last message before he left. “Teal, trust me”.
:DooriyaUNB: Trust him? About what?

Insert By the almighty beard made out of cheese, creator of all!_
>>
No. 605076 ID: 9ddf68

>Teal, trust me
This sounds like something Truth told us about Green. don't remember the exact wording but basically came down to Green needs to betray us for us to win. Then again Green is all over the place what with kidnapping Brad in his sleep with the goal of selling him to the deamons only to free Brad and have us sneak attack the deamons for almost little to no real gain and that little stunt almost cost us a pawn. While I'm not saying I think Green is friendly with the deamons I just hope that whatever he has planned doesn't get people killed. There is a deference between helping someone and using someone and one of them is I don't liked being used.

Ah well nothing we can do about it now, lets check out if anybody has heard about those bandits that kidnapped Brad, I mean the only pawns we know Green to have was the Druid lady that hooked Drina up with a date, this guy, the mercs that wear those white masks we saw once in the town square, and the bandit's leader. Maybe if we can track down the criminal working for green, or at least pick up some rumors we might be able to piece together what green is planning.
>>
No. 605089 ID: 07a835

>>605061
"trust him, and face betrayal"... Maybe this is the betrayal, and we're supposed to trust him AFTER the betrayal. Truth didn't say "then" face betrayal, or "and you will". It was only implied that betrayal would come after trust.

Very well. Let's back off.

[@Green: Okay, we got your message. Are you going to keep ignoring us? I mean you might have better luck getting us to trust you after this if you say something. Regardless, you should know The Merciful One told us "We already got two grand runes and a third will soon be ours."]
[@Grey: We found his last pawn, and he doesn't know anything. My advice is to drop it. Green was not an ally of the rebels, for he lost a pawn fighting the Harvesters. This means Green is taking what he stole somewhere that he thinks is safe. Wait, the daemons need all the grand runes to open the gate, right? Are there really only three?]

Don't we already have the Grand Rune of fire?
[check special inventory]
>>
No. 605099 ID: 6e79d4

>Because they shouldn’t have known where we kept them! We got a lot of anti-demon protection around those areas.
So they just looked for the areas with the most protection, and...?
>Besides, it’s growing out of that things corpse! I’m pretty sure that’s not a good place for a tree at all.
Who put you in charge of tree placement?? Should it go into the frozen ground instead?
>“Teal, trust me”
That sounds like code for "I'm about to do something indefensibly stupid, don't hold me back".

>Then again Green is all over the place
Green is doing what Red was doing, running around in the background like they know something we don't. Especially that message, how did he know we'd be the first to talk to him?

...Grey is gonna be pissed.
>>
No. 605161 ID: 4f004c

>>605089
Green won't know if we've gotten his message, so there's no way he'll have us on unignore so soon. As for the message to grey, it seems a bit too blunt, so here's a revision of mine:
[Message Grey: We located the pawn and asked him about the situation, but it appears that when Green left, he did so without leaving any message or directions for the Vildman king. All we know is that Green was angry over something, possibly the loss of his Druid, maybe something else.
Something will come up eventually, but for now, we should probably focus on readying what all we can. If we learn anything new about Green, you will be the first to know.]
>Wait, the daemons need all the grand runes to open the gate, right? Are there really only three?
There are four runes. Earth, fire, water, and air. We do have the rune of Fire, and they have the two they've got, while the fourth is in the mountains.
>>
No. 605420 ID: 65a774
File 141693258916.png - (29.86KB , 900x450 , 62.png )
605420

>[@Green: Okay, we got your message. Are you going to keep ignoring us?]
[Green is ignoring you!]
>[Message Grey: We located the pawn and asked him about the situation, but it appears that when Green left, he did so without leaving any message or directions for the Vildman king. All we know is that Green was angry over something, possibly the loss of his Druid, maybe something else.
Something will come up eventually, but for now, we should probably focus on readying what all we can. If we learn anything new about Green, you will be the first to know.]
[Grey: Either way, we need to get those stones back. I’ll try to find a way up the mountain while you focus on hunting down Green. I have a feeling he’ll trust you more.]
>[Wait, the daemons need all the grand runes to open the gate, right?]
[They need a majority of the runes to open the gate, just as we need the majority of them to seal it. They already got two out of four while we only got one. If they catch one more they’ll be able to open the gate between realms, so it’s imperative that we get it first. Of course, that will still only make us stuck in a stalemate.]

>How did he know we'd be the first to talk to him?
:BeardUNB: He didn’t. He simply asked me to relay that message to you if you came by.
>So they just looked for the areas with the most protection, and...?
:DooriyaUNB: Err… how would they know what areas are the most protected? They weren’t really lying in the open, you know…
>Who put you in charge of tree placement?? Should it go into the frozen ground instead?
:DooriyaUNB: As were in the middle of a cobblestone square with mostly rock under it, I’m pretty sure the tree wouldn’t grow even if we planted it properly.
:DrinaUNB: All I’m saying it’s probably better to make a badass pyre out of it instead of letting it just die.

>That sounds like code for "I'm about to do something indefensibly stupid, don't hold me back".
:DrinaUNB: Oh, I hope it’s something fun!
:DooriyaUNB: I hope he doesn’t do anything that will come and bite us in the abdomen… oh, who am I kidding, of course he will.
:BradfordUNB: Beeeaard…
>"Trust him, and face betrayal"... Maybe this is the betrayal, and we're supposed to trust him AFTER the betrayal.
:DooriyaUNB: You keep saying we should trust him… but about what? That he’ll hide the stones? That he’ll give them back?
:DrinaUNB: Oh, he’s probably got a wacky plan to get us the rune! That’s it!
:DooriyaUNB: …yeah, I rather trust Jal with a bottle of wine then trust Green will win us this war. …and by Freya, now I feel bad for insulting Jal like that…
:DrinaUNB: Err… I’m pretty sure that wasn’t an insult…
>let’s check out if anybody has heard about those bandits that kidnapped Brad, I mean the only pawns we know Green to have was the Druid lady that hooked Drina up with a date, this guy, the mercs that wear those white masks we saw once in the town square, and the bandit's leader.
:DooriyaUNB: Well, the bandits said that their leader was a male human in a white mask.
:DrinaUNB: So the bandit leader and the merc leader is the same person? Hmm..
:BeardUNB: White masked mercs? You mean the Larvate brotherhood mercenaries? Oh, Green needed them for some important mission right before the attack. Don’t know where they went after that.
:DrinaUNB: So, they were the one who stole the stones!
:DooriyaUNB: You don’t know that…
:DrinaUNB: No, see, there were three of them, right? We got two stones and a lesser rune, right, and they all weren’t hidden in the same place, were they?
:DooriyaUNB: …hmm… should be a coincidence, but it starting to sound more and more like Green got a hand in this.
:BeardUNB: Um… not to interrupt you, my fair ladies, by your bearded friend back there have been staring at me since you came over…
:BradfordUNB: Such a magnificent beard…
:DrinaUNB: Please ignore that moron.
:DooriyaUNB: Hmm… so we need to find those masked mercs, then? …how are we supposed to do that?
:DrinaUNB: Beats me.

Insert Check their Facebook for their last location_
>>
No. 605424 ID: 4f004c

>Um… not to interrupt you, my fair ladies, by your bearded friend back there have been staring at me since you came over…
I'm pretty sure he's got vildman heritage that makes him envy beards.
>>
No. 605427 ID: 3f0c1b

SNAP OUT OF IT BRAD!
We know that the king has what's probably the most perfect beard in all of creation. But you are making a fool out of yourself. So pull yourself together and compliment the beard so you get it out of your system.
>>
No. 605444 ID: 6e79d4

> Hmm… so we need to find those masked mercs, then? …how are we supposed to do that?
Pink has a few brotherhood members guarding the queen, but Theen is, uh, half the man he used to be since the attack. Thaark and Thuul must be near either by Elizah, or wherever Theen is being treated. They will probably have more information.

And no, you're not allowed to beat information out of them either! They're old friends!
>>
No. 605446 ID: dbe554

This may come as a strange request but could you let him touch your beard if that isn't some sort of cultural hangup, he's always had a thing for magnificent beards to the point of believing his beard may infact have children someday.
>>
No. 605458 ID: 65a774
File 141694990713.png - (19.96KB , 900x450 , 63.png )
605458

>This may come as a strange request but could you let him touch your beard if that isn't some sort of cultural hang-up?
:UnknownKAK: TOUCH THE KING AND WE’LL BOIL YOU ALIVE, WEAKLING!
:BeardUNB: …I have to ask you to refrain from touching me, yes?
>We know that the king has what's probably the most perfect beard in all of creation. But you are making a fool out of yourself.
:DooriyaUNB: I’m sorry, your lordship, but he’s a bit-
:BradfordUNB: Such magnificent beard!
>SNAP OUT OF IT BRAD!
:BradfordUNB: NEVER! THAT BEARD IS TO GLORIUS! Beard is love! Beard is life! All hail the mighty beard that brings forth the cheese!
:DooriyaUNB: …did he just go full crazy? Right, that’s it, we’re out of here before Brad start a war or something.
:BradfordUNB: But- but… beard!

>Pink has a few brotherhood members guarding the queen, but Theen is, uh, half the man he used to be since the attack. Thaark and Thuul must be near either by Elizah, or wherever Theen is being treated. They will probably have more information.
:DooriyaUNB: Hmm… right, I’ll go see if I can find someone who knows where they are.
:DrinaUNB: Thaark? Thuul? Theen? What’s up with those names? At least the masked guys here had normal names…
>And no, you're not allowed to beat information out of them either! They're old friends!
:DrinaUNB: Aw, you’re no fun…



:TemrockRUST: Thaark? No, he’s still back in Serath.
:DooriyaUNB: So… there’s no one here who can tell us about that brotherhood he was in?
:TemrockRUST: Sorry, but the only one I know here who would know anything is fighting for his life right now…
:DooriyaUNB: …thank you for your time, either way.
:BradfordUNB: So, we got no leads, no information and no clues?
:DooriyaUNB: There got to be something we missed…
:DrinaUNB: Maybe we’re on a wild Ankwark chase or something?
:DooriyaUNB: Argh, I know we can find them!

Insert You simply need to wait until he murder again and catch him in the- wait, wrong show…_
>>
No. 605468 ID: 07a835

Well, one of them frequented a gay bar, we could ask there. Drina should be able to give us directions.
>>
No. 605474 ID: dbe554

Hey Drina you okay? Looks like your arm is bleeding out and onto your face.

Also Steve is approaching, see if he's got any thoughts to the matter.
>>
No. 605516 ID: 9ddf68

hey Steve what's up?

Also we know Theen liked to visit that creepy mantis doctor that likes to hit on Brad, maybe he told her something we can use.
>>
No. 605517 ID: b361b3

Look someone is behind you!
>>
No. 605521 ID: 6e79d4

What's on that tapestry? Art error?

Well we need to look for someone in the Lavarte brotherhood, unless Bob is working against us somehow.
>>
No. 605576 ID: 2fdec1

Hey, y'all have a look at that banner over Drina 'cause it looks like there's something on its right side that shouldn't be there. Brad, ready your weapon just in case it's something dangerous. Drina, step back as well. Also there's a couple lighter horizontal marks on the bricks right above the doorway arch that might indicate something.

Did Gray lock down the city, stopping anyone from leaving, as soon as she discovered that the keystones and lesser rune were stolen? I hope she did 'cause I think that'd be the most sensible action to take when such critically important items have been stolen. Also, has every possibly way out of the city short of flying... been... secured? Oh, my... Has the Serathian's airship been searched and secured? 'Cause I wouldn't put it past Green to be so audacious as to not only swipe the keystones and lesser rune but also somehow steal the sultan's airship as a getaway vehicle. I mean, it's so insanely audacious who would think he'd try it, right?

Do we know where these three Larvate mercs were staying while in town? 'Cause tossing their rooms for any hint to where they might be going would be sensible... Though, I doubt they'll have left any clues behind, or worse they left things that'd point us the wrong way; With Green I wouldn't be surprised either way.

Oh, I just got an idea how the Larvate mercs got away: Ask yourself, what's the best way to disguise those who're only known by the mask they wear? Have them take off their masks, that's how. Green probably had them ditch their masks and the Larvate outfits, then they slipped out in the turmoil around the attack. So we should have the rooms near where the keystones and lesser rune were kept searched for the mercs' discarded gear to see if this was what happened.

Unfortunately without their masks we'll have to rely on our limited knowledge of their physical appearance to ID them. From what we remember of the three the male mantis was missing both his antenna, the male lizard was missing his left horn, and the male human had fair skin and brown, shoulder-length hair done up in a ponytail with a blue band. The mantis would be the easiest to spot, followed by the lizard, though he might have put on a prosthetic horn or a helmet to disguise himself, and the human would be the hardest.

Oh, and there is one better then they just slipping out mask-less: They put on Order armor to get out. That's better for them since it'd mean they could move about the city easier. So we have to check every helmeted member of the Order as well.

Also, you should know that the male human Larvate merc is a pawn named "The Scoundrel" held by Green 'cause we scanned him yesterday when he hit on Drina. So subtracting that one, the Vildman king and the two he lost that leaves three of Green's pawns unaccounted for. So do we know who any of those three pawns are and their capabilities?

We also know from when Brad was kidnapped that Green has, or at least had, a skilled rune crafter working for him, so do we know if whoever that was is one of Green's pawns or if not is still around? And what kinds of things can runes be made to do? That is, besides weaken a person who they're applied to or block a tracking spell 'cause we already know those. Could they be used to hide someone? Like, could a well-crafted rune even hide a pawn from Steve's daemon senses? Perhaps mask a person's scan signature so players couldn't detect them? Or teleport a small object such as a keystone or Lesser Elemental Rune, or even a person, out of the city?

We should also keep in mind that the Vildman king could have been lying to us on Green's orders. After all, we only have the king's word that Green sent those Larvate mercs on a important mission right before the attack. It's possible Green set them up as a decoy for us to chase while those who actually stole the goods slip away.

Hey, I just realized something: Since the Grand Rune of Water has already been taken from the Vault under the City of Brass why do we have a plan to invade Derack in the works? 'Cause getting that Rune is the only reason I can think of for invading that I know of.

>>605468
>Well, one of them frequented a gay bar, we could ask there. Drina should be able to give us directions.
Wait, what? Where did you get the idea that one of the Larvate mercs frequented a gay bar, let alone the one Drina went to? 'Cause I don't remember seeing any masked folks around when we were there with her, nor do I remember it ever being mentioned by anybody that any of those mercs went there.

>>605474
>Hey Drina you okay? Looks like your arm is bleeding out and onto your face.
That's not blood but rather the red flower in the pot behind her that you're seeing.

>>605516
>Also we know Theen liked to visit that creepy mantis doctor that likes to hit on Brad, maybe he told her something we can use.
Well, Doctor Vadoma was calling Theen her boyfriend already, so maybe he mentioned something to her about them. I doubt it though 'cause I get the feeling the time they've spent together didn't involve Theen saying much more then shouting profanity and screaming in ecstatic pain. But we're short on leads so we should still send somebody to ask her.

>>605521
>Well we need to look for someone in the Lavarte brotherhood, unless Bob is working against us somehow.
...Uh, despite his manifest form wearing a mask in a style similar to the organization's mercenaries Bob doesn't have anything to do with the Larvate Brotherhood.
>>
No. 605756 ID: 65a774
File 141701341451.png - (19.38KB , 900x450 , 64.png )
605756

>Hey, y'all have a look at that banner over Drina 'cause it looks like there's something on its right side that shouldn't be there. Brad, ready your weapon just in case it's something dangerous.
:BradfordUNB: I WILL PURGE THE EVIL WITH MY HOLY-
:DooriyaUNB: It’s just a stain…
:BradfordUNB: Aw…
:DrinaUNB: Wait, how did someone stain a banner in the ceiling?
>Well, one of them frequented a gay bar, we could ask there. Drina should be able to give us directions.
:DrinaUNB: Err… the only one who was at that bar was the Druid… you know, she who just died!
>Also we know Theen liked to visit that creepy mantis doctor that likes to hit on Brad, maybe he told her something we can use.
:BradfordUNB: I rather not get close to that psycho again…
:DooriyaUNB: Hmm… she probably won’t know anything, but I can send someone over when she’s done with Theen.

>Did Gray lock down the city, stopping anyone from leaving, as soon as she discovered that the keystones and lesser rune were stolen?
:DooriyaUNB: Of course. The no one gets in or out the moment.
>Has the Serathian's airship been searched and secured?
:DooriyaUNB: No one has spotted it lifting… and I’m pretty sure Green wouldn’t have any idea how to actually fly that thing.
>Oh, I just got an idea how the Larvate mercs got away: Ask yourself, what's the best way to disguise those who're only known by the mask they wear? Have them take off their masks, that's how.
:DooiryaUNB: Great, so they are hiding in plain sight…
>So we should have the rooms near where the keystones and lesser rune were kept searched for the mercs' discarded gear to see if this was what happened.
:DooriyaUNB: I’ll send someone to look.
>We also know from when Brad was kidnapped that Green has, or at least had, a skilled rune crafter working for him, so do we know if whoever that was is one of Green's pawns or if not is still around?
:DooriyaUNB: Um… we don’t know who it was, no. There is some rune crafters in the city, but no one near the skill of the one Green used. They mostly do lesser wards against undead, rats and insects, stuff like that.
>And what kinds of things can runes be made to do?
:DrinaUNB: Different kind of warding, enchanting durability and strength in doors and stuff, create small endless flames… a lot of the lantern around are made out of runes, for example.
:BradfordUNB: I’ve read that you can enchant a pair of gauntlets to give you the strength of ten men!
:DooriyaUNB: That’s just a myth. Gloves like that would only break your arms if you were stupid enough to use it.
>Like, could a well-crafted rune even hide a pawn from Steve's daemon senses?
:DooriyaUNB: Err… Demons are a rather new thing, you know. Most magic doesn’t really evolve that fast.
>Or teleport a small object such as a keystone or Lesser Elemental Rune, or even a person, out of the city?
:DooriyaUNB: I’ve read that it’s possible to open gateways between two points…
:DrinaUNB: Oh gods, that means they can be anywhere in the world by now!
:DooriyaUNB: …except that it take time to set up and got a maximum range of about ten meters… so not that useful.

>Also Steve is approaching, see if he's got any thoughts to the matter.
:LightUNB: Why, hello there Brad, Drina and my beloved. No luck in tracking down Green?
>Also, you should know that the male human Larvate merc is a pawn named "The Scoundrel" held by Green 'cause we scanned him yesterday when he hit on Drina.
:LightUNB: Hmmm… if only we had- wait, he hit on you?
:DrinaUNB: Well, yeah… he stopped when I told him I didn’t play that way. Called himself Eric I think… said he lived somewhere nearby…
:DooriyaUNB: …why didn’t you mention that sooner!?
:DrinaUNB: Because a probably false first name isn’t really going to help?
>Do we know where these three Larvate mercs were staying while in town?
:DooriyaUNB: Well, we do know now that he’s called Eric and lives in town. That means we can at least try to look up all the Eric’s living here until we find where he lives. It will take time but it’s the best we got at the moment.
>Since the Grand Rune of Water has already been taken from the Vault under the City of Brass why do we have a plan to invade Derack in the works? 'Cause getting that Rune is the only reason I can think of for invading that I know of.
:LightUNB: It’s also the location of the original rift to our world. It’s the gate surrounding it we need to seal and the rebels wish to open up. Therefore it’s an important location even if the Rune is already gone.
:DooriyaUNB: Aren’t there any more gates like that?
:LightUNB: Well, kind of. There were some other gates built, mostly at the location of the lesser and greater runes, but they are all broken and inert… mostly. There’s one up in the mountain, for example.
:BradfordUNB: Mostly inert?
:LightUNB: Well, those demon spawn called corrupted can open a gate between their current location and one of those gate when they are close to one, but that’s it.

Insert The balls are inert!_
>>
No. 605775 ID: 4f004c

>Gloves like that would only break your arms if you were stupid enough to use it.
Depends on HOW you use them. If you're punching things, then yes, the backlash of the rune would fly into your arm and break it. If you're taking it slow and pushing something, the backlash will flow behind you, rather than into you.
Of course, most people would think that means lifting is okay, but it's not. That sends the backlash to your legs.
But, hmm... If you had a full suit which held runes to redirect the backlash away from your body, I think it would be safe...
>corrupted can open a gate between their current location and one of those gate when they are close to one
That's a lot more serious than you appear to think, Steve! The Daemons have a lot of corrupted all over the place, and considering they OWN the area of the Vault, there's nothing we can do to stop them from opening that gate!
That's probably how they got harvesters here--The corrupted opened the gate and let them in!
>>
No. 605796 ID: 07a835

>>605756
You don't have to search for every Eric in the city. He had brown hair, long enough to tie into a ponytail.
>>
No. 605993 ID: 2fdec1

D'awwww, you two are just so gosh darn adorable right now! Seriously, I just might get a tan from all the happiness and love radiating off the both of you. ...Um, though you might want to dial back the lovey-dovey a bit before Drina loses either her cool or her lunch. ...Oh, and Steve, I think you left your luminous aura in front of the door here earlier; Might want to pick that up.

Well, the first place I can think of to ask about this "Eric" fellow is Sten's tavern 'cause it feels like half the city has passed through there. Oh, and I also remember that he spoke with Sten yesterday, but that might have been nothing. However, if "Eric" is a local then Sten might know who he is from his voice or might remember hearing that he joined up with the Larvate Brotherhood and he can point us to where he lives.

Drina, Brad, did this "Eric" bloke sound like a local or did he have a foreign accent? 'Cause if he's a foreigner that'll help us ask around about him since he'd stand out in people's minds. But even if he isn't his rather distinctly fancy way of speaking would make him memorable too.

Since we can't track Green's people by sight, maybe we could track them by scent. Do we have any trained Bloodhounds or other tracking animals available in the city we could use? 'Cause if we do then they might be able to follow the scent trail from where the keystones or lesser rune were kept to track the thieves. And if we find the discarded masks and clothes then all the better 'cause they can use the scents from them to narrow down the trail further. I just hope the scent trail hasn't gotten too weak by now, or that one of the three Larvate mercs wears strong cologne or something.

Steve, I know what daemonic powers you can bring to bear right now are limited, but is there anything you can do with what power you have available to help us track down Green's people? Like, could you go to where the keystones or the lesser rune were stored and use your power to peek into the past and see who took them then follow them from there? 'Cause if you could it'd make things a hell of a lot easier here.

>Of course. The no one gets in or out the moment.
Okay, that's good, but do you think we could go further and order the city populace indoors for the time being unless they absolutely have to be out? That way we'd only have Order members and those people with specific business that are searched then escorted by Order members on the streets. Then the removal of most foot traffic would make it harder for Green's people to move about the city unnoticed.

>Well, those demon spawn called corrupted can open a gate between their current location and one of those gate when they are close to one, but that’s it.
Huh. So that's how their portals work. Though that does make me wonder where the Corrupted who attempted to assassinate Jericho nine months ago was attempting to make a portal to. There must have been a working gate somewhere in the Serath for him to link to for that to work, right?

Also, can these gates be linked to each other directly? 'Cause if so that would mean they can link the one up on the Pillar of the Heavens to the one in Derack to transport people and supplies between them. And if that's the case then the Blood God could have already sent some completed Harvesters to Derack along with the UESes needed to power them.

We might want to suggest to Gray that she attempt to seize the Vildman king away from Green and claim him as her pawn. She does have the free slots for it now and it would make sense to get the leader of our allied Vildmen away from Green and under Gray's command. She'd need us and Pink to back her to make it a sure thing to wrench him away from Green, but it'd be doable. That is unless the Vildman king is actually Green's king, in which case we find that valuable bit of intel.

I just had a nasty thought: What if the third Grand Rune the Merciful One said they were going to get soon if all went to plan was not the one of air, but the one of fire, the one we hold? What if this is all a setup to get us, Teal, chasing Green right into a trap? After all, it was only two keystones and the lesser rune that were stolen. Unless they got their hands on four or five more keystones recently that we don't know about they won't be able to pop the Vault up there open. Hm... But if it was our Rune they were after, why didn't the Merciful One just eat Brad and us and take it then and there? ...Is it they can't get it from us that way? Just what happens to a Grand Rune in a player's special inventory if the player is defeated or killed? Would we'd have to hand it over for them to get it or is there another way?
>>
No. 606024 ID: 65a774
File 141710568525.png - (20.91KB , 900x450 , 65.png )
606024

>But, hmm... If you had a full suit which held runes to redirect the backlash away from your body, I think it would be safe...
:BradfordUNB: …I need to find a rune crafter as soon as possible!
:DooriyaUNB: Err… I don’t think that would work either… and that’s not even considering the cost, skill and materials necessary to do something like that!
:BradfordUNB: Still, having a suit that can fell trees with just a punch?
:DrinaUNB: …can’t you already do that?
:BradfordUNB: Well… almost, but with one of those suits I can probably fell a whole forest!
>D'awwww, you two are just so gosh darn adorable right now!
:LightUNB: Why thank you! We are adorable, aren’t we Honey Buns?
:DooriyaUNB: Schmoopsy Doo!
:LightUNB: Sweetie Pie.
:DooriyaUNB: Sexy Guns.
:BradfordUNB: Sexy what?
>...Um, though you might want to dial back the lovey-dovey a bit before Drina loses either her cool or her lunch.
:DrinaUNB: …I think I’m going to puke.
:LightUNB: Sorry…

>Okay, that's good, but do you think we could go further and order the city populace indoors for the time being unless they absolutely have to be out?
:LightUNB: Um… the populace is already a bit cranky as it is… and an order like that would take a day or two to actually get into effect so… I rather not order them to do that, alright?
>Huh. So that's how their portals work. Though that does make me wonder where the Corrupted who attempted to assassinate Jericho nine months ago was attempting to make a portal to. There must have been a working gate somewhere in the Serath for him to link to for that to work, right?
:LightUNB: Well, not a working one, no, but there should have been an inert portal near the grand rune vault somewhere. I do believe it was in the outskirt of the original city lying there, before everything turned into a desert. The old capital was much larger than the one the Serath built, so there are probably still ruins buried in the sand somewhere in the area around the city.
>That's probably how they got harvesters here--The corrupted opened the gate and let them in!
:LightUNB: Um… first of, those portals aren’t exactly subtle… second, the shield would have kept them outside the city… wait, do you mean that they open a portal to our realm? No, they can’t do that… if they should they we would have already lost.
>Also, can these gates be linked to each other directly?
:LightUNB: In theory, yes… but they aren’t close enough for it to work… and we can’t actually build anymore of them either…
:DrinaUNB: Just like you couldn’t build harvesters?
:LightUNB: Actually, no, because the gates works with the gods magic only gods can build them… and as they are gone…

>Steve, I know what daemonic powers you can bring to bear right now are limited, but is there anything you can do with what power you have available to help us track down Green's people?
:LightUNB: Well, the things I can do to help is limited to the city… and I can already tell they aren’t actually in the city… or that they have found a way to hide from me, either way I can’t really help.
>We might want to suggest to Gray that she attempt to seize the Vildman king away from Green and claim him as her pawn.
:DooriyaUNB: I would suggest not too, at least not yet. Let’s assume we can still reason with Green and not declare war with him and try to take his pawns.
>Well, the first place I can think of to ask about this "Eric" fellow is Sten's tavern 'cause it feels like half the city has passed through there.
:DooriyaUNB: Actually, I was thinking of going through the archives for all the Eric’s living here, but it won’t hurt if I send someone over to ask.
>You don't have to search for every Eric in the city. He had brown hair, long enough to tie into a ponytail.
:DooriyaUNB: To bad the archives doesn’t say what hairstyle the people living here got.

>Drina, Brad, did this "Eric" bloke sound like a local or did he have a foreign accent?
:BradfordUNB: By Freya’s frozen buttocks, how should I remember that?
:DrinaUNB: He was local, that’s for sure… except that he sounded a bit educated. You know, using longer, weirder words and sounding all silver tongued.
>Since we can't track Green's people by sight, maybe we could track them by scent. Do we have any trained Bloodhounds or other tracking animals available in the city we could use?
:DooriyaUNB: We don’t have anything capable to track people on hand, no… and even if we had I don’t think they can track people through a city like this. Maybe if we found some traces in the woods outside.
>I just had a nasty thought: What if the third Grand Rune the Merciful One said they were going to get soon if all went to plan was not the one of air, but the one of fire, the one we hold?
:DrinaUNB: …wait, if this is a trap why didn’t they just eat Brad when they attacked to get it over with?
>Just what happens to a Grand Rune in a player's special inventory if the player is defeated or killed? Would we'd have to hand it over for them to get it or is there another way?
:LightUNB: Normally, if the king is killed the player loses, thus dropping the rune. For you it’s not that simple, as you technically have three kings. If one dies you’ll simply jump to another with the Rune in hand. Of course, if they kill all three, which has happen in other loops, you will lose and drop the rune.
:DooriyaUNB: Either way, I’ll go to the archives and tell them to look for this Eric.
:LightUNB: I’ll come with you, my love. We can head to dinner after we’re done there.
:BradfordUNB: I’ll talk to Sten, see what he got to say about this.
:DrinaUNB: I’ll… um… you know what, I’ll go see if Tsure is available… everyone else is all love and hearts so why not me too?



:AlexUNB: So, what do you think?
:JalUNB: Looking nice, Alex, *Sniff* that dress is really good at hiding your manly features!
:AlexUNB: Humph!
:JalUNB: Ha! Just teasing. No, you look beautiful, Alexandra.
:MikhailUNB: Indeed, it is a nice dress. A bit of a classic, but it’s probably better if you don’t show so much scale.
:AlexUNB: Why thank you.
:JalUNB: I’m sure Vlad will love it.*sniff*
:MikhailUNB: Especially on his bedroom floor!
:AlexUNB: What?
:JalUNB: Nah, he will probably like it the most when he rip it off her with just his teeth!
:MikhailUNB: Ha! Like he will even have time to take it off! He’ll just throw her in bed with clothes and all.
:AlexUNB: …you guys are hopeless.

Insert Hope springs eternal… except on the grumpy side of the world_
>>
No. 606033 ID: 9b57d3

>>606024
Looking good, Alexandra. How is everyone? We're working on a thing right now. Ask the bartender if he knows anything about the Larvate brotherhood mercenaries that were in town. Specifically the human with a brown ponytail that goes by Eric.
>>
No. 606050 ID: 4f004c

>Sexy what?
A form of advanced crossbow. Rather than using a string to launch the ammunition, it uses a "Hammer" of sorts, and the ammunition's backside is full of gunpowder. The hammer both penetrates the backside (No comments, please) and produces a spark which ignites the gunpowder, propelling the projectile outwards. ...I'm surprised that was a term that was used though, considering not even Serath has managed to produce guns yet.
>and as they are gone…
...Well Damn, it's entirely possible that the enemy to our new Gods figures out how to do that, given that she's got access to their power, and has no intention of just letting the world live.
>If one dies you’ll simply jump to another with the Rune in hand.
So THAT'S why our other two groups are in suspension. They're fallbacks or backups in-case we lose our current king!
>you know what, I’ll go see if Tsure is available… everyone else is all love and hearts so why not me too?
Go for it, girl! [/retroactives that probably will be ignored for now anyways]
>but it’s probably better if you don’t show so much scale.
Unless the scale she's talking about is where a human's cleavage would be, I don't see where the too much scale would come into play. And considering you DON'T have boobs, being a lizard and all (even though your crossed arms still make it look like you do), I don't see how you could be showing too much scale there, anyways. Pretty much the only scales to hide are at the groinal area, anyways!
Then again we don't know the social taboos in place, so I dunno. Do lizards follow the same taboos as humans for some reason, even though mantises do not?
>>
No. 606172 ID: 2fdec1

Hiya, guys. Alexandra, I have to say you're looking quite lovely in that outfit; I'm confident Vlad'll be pleased to see you in it. And I hope you get to wear such more often and not feel you have to hide yourself under a cloak and cowl as much from now on.

Anyway, we've got a bit of news. After speaking with the Vildman king it's looking even more like Green took the keystones and lesser rune then it did before. The king said Green had those three Larvate Brotherhood mercs of his on some special mission right before the attacks, so it looks like they were the ones who stole the goods. We're trying to track those mercs down but we're short on leads.

Here's what we know of them, in case either of you might have encountered them before. They're all male, with one being a mantis, one a lizard, and one human. The mantis is missing both his antennas and the lizard his left horn. The human has fair skin and brown hair done up in a ponytail with a blue band. He's almost certainly the leader of the bunch 'cause he's Green's pawn, "The Scoundrel," and was the leader of the bandits who kidnapped Brad. The name he goes by is "Eric," though that's almost certainly a fake name, and he has a place in town somewhere. He's likely a local since he doesn't have an accent, but he does talk in a real educated sounding, overly long fancy pants way; As example, he introduced himself as "a man of wealth and taste" both times we encountered him, so he talks like that.

Dooriya is checking the city records right now for this "Eric" bloke on the long shot he actually owns a place under that name, so we came here to see if Sten knows anything about them. I remember "Eric" was in here yesterday afternoon and spoke to Sten right about the time Dooriya collected the grenades from Jal's room, so run his description by Sten and ask if there was anything to that or if he knows anything else about "Eric." Also ask Sten about the mantis and lizard Larvate mercs too.

Could you also ask Mikhail if she remembers anything about those three Larvate mercs that are working for Green that might help us either track them down or find out where they were staying in the city. So tell her what we told you about them and see if she remembers anything.

Jal, you and Mikhail got anything planned for this evening? Well, besides the inevitable bedroom escapades, that is. Something like dinner or a taking in a show or just hanging out together? Or is she going to be too busy what with everything that's happened today?
>>
No. 606248 ID: 65a774
File 141718592019.png - (21.36KB , 900x450 , 66.png )
606248

>Go for it, girl!
:DrinaUNB: Damn right I’m going for it!
>A form of advanced crossbow. Rather than using a string to launch the ammunition, it uses a "Hammer" of sorts, and the ammunition's backside is full of gunpowder.
:DooriyaUNB: …a what? Powder? Huh?
:BradfordUNB: You were the one who used the word.
:DooriyaUNB: I was talking about his muscular arms…
:LightUNB: Wait, if we haven’t invented the weapon the term originates from, how can we refer to something with its name? This just raises further questions!
:BradfordUNB: Like, how can you call those stick he got for arms “muscular”…



>Hiya, guys. Alexandra, I have to say you're looking quite lovely in that outfit; I'm confident Vlad'll be pleased to see you in it.
:AlexUNB: Of course he will love it. I should probably wear a trash bag and he would love it.
>And I hope you get to wear such more often and not feel you have to hide yourself under a cloak and cowl as much from now on.
:JalUNB: Yeah, take in some sunlight now and then. I will do your good.
:AlexUNB: …I’ll try…
>Unless the scale she's talking about is where a human's cleavage would be, I don't see where the too much scale would come into play.
:AlexUNB: Just because it isn’t from an intimate area doesn’t mean you can just show it all off. I mean, you don’t wander around in just your underwear, do you?
:JalUNB: Well…*Sniff*
:AlexUNB: You’re a mantis and a drunkard, you don’t count. Oh, and let’s be honest here, it’s probably better if I try to hide some of my curves with baggy clothes. My curves aren’t very… ladylike, after all.
>Jal, you and Mikhail got anything planned for this evening?
:JalUNB: Um… I was *sniff* actually going to try and book a theater play or something but… um… *sniff* I kind of got sick…
:MikhailUNB: Why, I’ve been looking for someone to go to the theater with. Most of my friends thinks it’s boring and to nerdy. I can get us a pair of tickets to tonight if you want too.
:JalUNB: Oh, I’d love to go! *sniff*

>Anyway, we've got a bit of news. After speaking with the Vildman king it's looking even more like Green took the keystones and lesser rune then it did before.
:MikhailUNB: Of course he took them. He always was a slimy one.
>Could you also ask Mikhail if she remembers anything about those three Larvate mercs that are working for Green that might help us either track them down or find out where they were staying in the city.
:MikhailUNB: Oh, those three… yeah, I’ve met them. I remember that the mantis was almost creepily quiet, the lizard was way too energetic and their leader had a real silver tongue at times. Oh, and he tried to woo me a few times, but it always felt like he just wanted me so he should brag that he had banged an albino…
>Ask the bartender if he knows anything about the Larvate brotherhood mercenaries that were in town. Specifically the human with a brown ponytail that goes by Eric.
:StenUNB: Oh, you mean Master Anderson’s son, Eric? Why yes, I know who he is. He used to be such promising apprentice of the runic arts under his father, but I guess the boy rather wanted a life of adventure, eh?
:MikhailUNB: …so you know where he lives?
:StenUNB: Why yes, he got a small apartment just down the street. Here, let me write down the address.
:MikhailUNB: Well, that was easy…

:VladUNB: Hello, Jal, Mikhail… Alexandra…
:AlexUNB: Wait, Vlad!? I… um… don’t look, I still don’t have my jewelry on! I… I need to go! Bye!
:VladUNB: …huh? Wait, I- err…
:JalUNB: Don’t worry, she will be back when she’s ready.

Insert The bartender know everyone, doesn’t he?_
>>
No. 606250 ID: 9ddf68

uh, for parties that care there is a Vildman carrying around a women near the fireplace, should we do something about that?

So Mikhail, you going after it right away or should we report this first? I mean with the captain gone I'm not quite sure how gray is going to let the rest of the order know what's up without someone reporting it in. Unless the priest he works with can do so. Also on the note who do we report to now?
>>
No. 606254 ID: 3f0c1b

Well, I guess we are off to visit this Eric then. Thank the bartender for his help if you haven't already.

>>606250
That's between the Vildman and the Lady, she hit on him and it doesn't seem like she is complaining.
>>
No. 606255 ID: 6e79d4

> …a what? Powder? Huh?
Explosives. It's a crossbow powered by explosives. For some reason people are always telling me making any would be a bad idea, and I'm like 'EXPLOSIVE PROPELLED CROSSBOWS' and everyone pussies out because they're worried it'll mess up their manicure or something. I just want to see an arquebus before I'm gone from this world. Or a blunderbuss. Hell, I'd settle for a bombard at this point.
> Like, how can you call those stick he got for arms “muscular”…
Come on Brad, they're not always this mushy!
...I need help.

Well Brad, now you have an excuse to go see this Anderson fellow. Anyone who isn't sick or fleeing should come too.
>>
No. 606269 ID: 65a774
File 141719815390.png - (16.34KB , 900x450 , 67.png )
606269

>uh, for parties that care there is a Vildman carrying around a women near the fireplace, should we do something about that?
:JalUNB: …I think you got it the wrong way. That’s quite clearly a man *sniff* being carried off by a Vildman lady.
:VladUNB: …are you sure that’s a lady?
:JalUNB: Um… I think so? *Sniff* The small one is a guy, that I’m sure of at least.
>That's between the Vildman and the guy, he hit on him and it doesn't seem like he is complaining.
:JalUNB: Indeed, keep out of the way of love least you *sniff* get swallowed by its torrents of foolishness too.
:MikhailUNB: Oh, was that a Morque?
:VladUNB: A what?
:JalUNB: Famous writer I quoted.
>Explosives. It's a crossbow powered by explosives. For some reason people are always telling me making any would be a bad idea, and I'm like 'EXPLOSIVE PROPELLED CROSSBOWS' and everyone pussies out because they're worried it'll mess up their manicure or something.
:VladUNB: That sounds very dangerous.
:MikhailUNB: Sounds like a suicidal idea.
:JalUNB: Sounds Awesome! I need to *sniff* start planning right away!

>So Mikhail, you going after it right away or should we report this first? I mean with the captain gone I'm not quite sure how gray is going to let the rest of the order know what's up without someone reporting it in. Unless the priest he works with can do so.
:MikhailUNB: Don’t worry, we will have someone else take up the reins of leading the order soon enough. Even if the loss of the captain was great, we will need to replace him.
>Also on the note who do we report to now?
:MikhailUNB: To grey or Steve, as for now.

>Well, I guess we are off to visit this Eric then. Thank the bartender for his help if you haven't already.
:JalUNB: Woo! Adventure!
:MikhailUNB: We’re just going to check a house…



:VladUNB: Hello? Anyone?
:JalUNB: I didn’t find anything of interest. Looks like a normal house too me… *sniff*
:MikhailUNB: I found his bedroom and I’m going to guess it has been used recently. I’m going to guess he slept here yesterday at least.
:VladUNB: So… what now?
:MikhailUNB: I’ll go get some guards to make a more detailed search, see if they can dig anything up. As for us… well, I still need to get those tickets soon…
:JalUNB: Hmm… still, it feels kind of anticlimactic *sniff* that’s there nothing here…

Insert What? You think he would have some kind of portal to hell hidden in his closet?_
>>
No. 606274 ID: 9b57d3

>>606269
Jal, about that explosive-powered projectile thing, with the tools you have I suspect the safest option would be to make what I would call a blunderbuss or shotgun. It's a long hollow metal tube with explosives set at one end and a bunch of ballbearings or other small projectiles stuffed in the tube so that they're shot out the other end by the explosion. With this weapon you need a small hole in the back end of the tube so that you can light the explosives. A trigger mechanism can be used that creates a spark of some kind... maybe there's a rune for that? Otherwise you'd have to resort to flint+steel. The projectiles need to be small enough that they can shake around in the tube. That way, there's no way that they can get stuck and cause the explosion to blow up the tube. Even considering that you need to make sure the tube is strong enough to widthstand the explosion. Such a weapon would be useless if it was likely to blow up in the user's hands.

There are ways to make such a weapon so that it fires a single projectile or is capable of cycling pre-made projectiles but those require precision engineering you don't have the tools for.

Another option is to make a large-scale weapon called a cannon, which is not very portable. It'd be basically a metal barrel on wheels, with some mechanism to control what angle it tilts at. Then you put a huge metal ball in it on top of the explosives. There should be a small hole at the bottom of the barrel to fit a string or something to light and set off the explosives... This works as a somewhat improved catapult. Unfortunately because the projectile fits relatively snugly into the cannon, there is a chance of the whole thing exploding when it tries to fire because the ball can get stuck inside it.

Even if the projectile doesn't get stuck inside either weapon, there's still the chance the weapon can be weakened from repeated use and explode anyway. You might want to over-engineer it so that it's extra sturdy.

As for this house I'm not surprised there's nothing here. Looks like the three mercs were close enough to be living in the same house though, they have paintings of themselves on the wall. Any interesting books there?

There's a trap door under the rug. On the side nearest Jal.
>>
No. 606281 ID: 4f004c

Damn my knack for missing an update or so!
>My curves aren’t very… ladylike, after all.
Can't suggest anything to her now, but I wonder how talented the local doctors are when it comes to cosmetic changes?
>Oh, I’d love to go! *sniff*
Wear a scarf or something, Jal. Further exposure to cold is not a good idea, but a scarf, or whatever equivelant Mantises use, should help you breath more warmly.
>but it always felt like he just wanted me so he should brag that he had banged an albino…
That would be a great accomplishment to brag about.
>Well, that was easy…
Behold, the power of asking the Barkeep! ...Seriously these guys know everything.
>Sounds like a suicidal idea.
Well, that's--
>Sounds Awesome! I need to *sniff* start planning right away!
CANNONS FIRST. A cannon uses a heavy ball, wad of cloth, and bag of gunpowder inside of a large metal tube, with has a thick layer of metal to ensure any accidents are minimized. A fuse is inserted into a small hole that goes to the gunpowder, so that it can be ingited, and once the fire hits it, it blows up, striking the wad of cloth, and propelling the metal sphere out.
Once you get that worked out, you can move on to shells, which are a cylinder of metal with a "dome" head. Shells use the same theory as the bullet--Gunpowder in back, gets struck by a "hammer," and the explosion propells the object itself. The cylinder-and-dome design helps to prevent it from flipping around.
The hammer that ignites a shell is basically a curved piece of metal capable of piercing the flat end of the cylinder, and is made to strike by a rope that sticks out--pulling the rope is supposed to make the hammer strike.
Once you get shells working, you can
>I suspect the safest option would be to make what I would call a blunderbuss or shotgun.
Work on those. They're made for short range firing, while the shells and cannons are for long range.
>To grey or Steve, as for now.
Well that's a simple matter.
>Hmm… still, it feels kind of anticlimactic *sniff* that’s there nothing here…
Well at least you got a cool idea for a new weapon out of this trip. Even if it was from us just blabbering on, and not the trip itself.
>>
No. 606282 ID: 6e79d4

>That sounds very dangerous.
>Sounds like a suicidal idea.
no more dangerous than a crossbow string snapping and slashing your face open. That's the kind of thinking that holds back progress!
>Sounds Awesome! I need to *sniff* start planning right away!
Replace the crossbows' release mechanism with a lit fuse or eternal flame, and the limbs with a single metal tube, and you're well on your way. Just use good steel and don't overload the thing, that's called a bomb.

>Hmm… still, it feels kind of anticlimactic *sniff* that’s there nothing here…
There's a secret passage in the fireplace. If it were real, the fire would be lit and the stones would match. The lone asymmetrical candle probably activates it.
>>
No. 606283 ID: 9ddf68

>Sounds Awesome! I need to *sniff* start planning right away!
well if you want to build a gun I can give you some pointers to speed things up.

>there's nothing here
well there's three pictures on the wall, one human, one lizard, and one mantis. Safe bet is that those are our suspects so now we can at least put a face to the mask so if they are hiding in the city without there mask we can find them now. Also is it just me or does that rug look a little thick? might be something under it.
>>
No. 606301 ID: 2fdec1

Since my fellow voices have already pointed out the portraits that we can take to use to ID the three we seek, the suspiciously thick rug under the table that might be hiding something, the segment of the floor under Jal's end of the rug that is likely either a trapdoor or stash cover and the candlestick on the mantle that might be some kind of catch for it, I'm just going to give you a warning: Be VERY careful when trying to open that trapdoor/stash. It very well may be trapped by either, or possibly even both, mundane or magical means to deal with those who don't know to disable the traps before opening it; Presumably intruders. Also, considering that runes might be in play here the traps might only be disabled by holding or using a certain rune here. But even if there aren't traps there might be one or more of the three we're tracking hiding down there so whoever sticks their head over the opening first might get a crossbow bolt to the face.

If we're going to be safe here then examine everything carefully before moving or pushing it, especially that probable trapdoor, for hidden buttons or catches. And if you do find a button or catch or whatever, do not activate it when you're next to it. Set some lengths of string to pull them, or use something like that broom in the corner to push them. And do not stick your head over any openings. Get a mirror, preferably on a stick, so you can peek around the edge to check it before going in. Lowering the lantern in first would also be a good idea. Oh, and if it turns out to be a stash hole, DO NOT remove anything from it without first checking for traps; Using a mirror to peek at the underside of the floorboards to check for them would be prudent here.

Actually, the safest course of action here might be to get some crowbars and rip the floorboards up a bit away from the trapdoor or whatever it is instead of trying to open it. That'd allow us to get under it while bypassing any possible traps on it as long as we don't pry too close to it. Even pulling one floorboard up to lower a lantern in and check the area under the floor at the trapdoor with a mirror would be a good idea.

Oh, and also check the fresh ashes in the fireplace here and anywhere else in the house for traces of burned paper. If they had written plans or notes for their mission they might have burned them and if they did there might be legible scraps that escaped the flames.
>>
No. 606302 ID: 65a774
File 141720849170.png - (12.13KB , 900x450 , 68.png )
606302

>GUNS, CANNONS AND SHOTGUNS, OH MY!
:JalUNB: Oh, sweet! With all that *sniff* information I’m bound to revolutionize wars!
:VladUNB: Aren’t you afraid that you will be remember as a harbinger of death or something?
:JalUNB: Of course not. That’s a *sniff* kickass nickname, after all!
:MikhailUNB: And it’s kind of like my nickname, “The white death”.
:MikhailUNB: :JalUNB: Go team death! Woo!
:VladUNB: Err…
>No more dangerous than a crossbow string snapping and slashing your face open.
:MikhailUNB: Really?
>Unfortunately because the projectile fits relatively snugly into the cannon, there is a chance of the whole thing exploding when it tries to fire because the ball can get stuck inside it. Even if the projectile doesn't get stuck inside either weapon, there's still the chance the weapon can be weakened from repeated use and explode anyway.
:MikhailUNB: For some reason you’re failing to convince me…
>That's the kind of thinking that holds back progress!
:MikhailUNB: It’s the kind of thinking that keep you alive… but very well, just be careful, Jal.
:JalUNB: Of course!
:MikhailUNB: if worse comes to wear, at least there will be a wicked cool explosion in the end.
:JalUNB: BOOM, BABY!

>I wonder how talented the local doctors are when it comes to cosmetic changes?
:JalUNB: Not for something like that, no. *sniff* They are surgeons, not wizards!
>Wear a scarf or something, Jal.
:MikhailUNB: Indeed, it would probably be for the best. We can go buy one when we’re done here.
:JalUNB: Only on one condition. *sniff* I get to choose a cute scarf for you to wear.
:MikhailUNB: Only if I get to choose the scarf you’ll wear.
:JalUNB: Deal!
>That would be a great accomplishment to brag about.
:MikhailUNB: Why, thank you for objectifying me.
:JalUNB: Um… I’m sure they didn’t mean it like that…
>Looks like the three mercs were close enough to be living in the same house though.
:MikhailUNB: Unlikely, as there is only one bed.
:VladUNB: The others probably got their own homes somewhere in the city.
>There are three pictures on the wall, one human, one lizard, and one mantis. Safe bet is that those are our suspects.
:JalUNB: *sniff* Let’s see… pony tail, no antennas and one horn… yeah, they fit the description.
:MikhailUNB: Then we might be able to identify them without the masks on.

>There's a secret passage in the fireplace. If it were real, the fire would be lit and the stones would match.
:VladUNB: Err… I’m pretty sure the stones match… and who keep a flame lit in the fireplace when they leave!? That would just burn the house down!
>The lone asymmetrical candle probably activates it.
:VladUNB: Nnnoo… that’s just a normal candle… see? *Click* Wait, what was that?
:JalUNB: It came from below us?
>Also is it just me or does that rug look a little thick? Might be something under it.
:MikhailUNB: It’s worth a look…
>There's a trap door under the rug. On the side nearest Jal.
:JalUNB: Oh, hey! Look at that! *sniff*I think the candle unlocked it too!
:MikhailUNB: No time to lose! Let’s get it open!



:MikhailUNB: Weapons… tools… uniform… this is his hideout.
:VladUNB: Aw… I was hoping for something cooler…
:JalUNB: Hmm… I can’t see anything *sniff* that would help us find him, though…
>Be VERY careful when trying to open that trapdoor/stash. It very well may be trapped by either, or possibly even both!
:MikhailUNB: Err… wops?
:JalUNB: And you complain I’m reckless!
:VladUNB: Actually, the lack of traps seems a bit weird…

Insert Without hesitation, he flung open the hatch and threw himself down into the unknown depths below_
>>
No. 606304 ID: 9ddf68

[scan everyone in the room]
you sure the uniform is just a manikin?

anyways look around a bit and make sure there really are no traps, if it seems clear look at the note on the desk and see if it says anything useful, might as well check out the books while you're at it.
>>
No. 606305 ID: 9b57d3

>>606302
Oh I wouldn't worry about guns revolutionizing war, not yet. You'd need machineguns before it gets really bad, and those are a long way off. The type of gun I described only fires a single shot and takes a long time to reload. It's inferior to a crossbow for the most part, it just has more stopping power. They're good for hunting large animals! As for cannons, they're just a step up from catapults, really.

Why is there a dummy back there dressed as one of the mercs? Maybe it's there to activate a trap if someone attacks it. The book on the pedestal could be trapped too... check it, then read it, Vlad. I'd rather Mikhail not read it.
>>
No. 606383 ID: 6e79d4

> Aren’t you afraid that you will be remember as a harbinger of death or something?
What, more than the daemons or a dictator? The whole point of these weapons is that anyone can use them. If Jal decides to put his name on it, they will say 'The gods made everyone, Jal made everyone equal'.
>who keep a flame lit in the fireplace when they leave!? That would just burn the house down!
Because restarting a fire instead of keeping some embers glowing would be a total pain in the ass.

> Actually, the lack of traps seems a bit weird…
It's probably just a workshop- those books are probably on runecraft. Is that a note on the table?
>>
No. 606412 ID: 4f004c

>Go team death! Woo!
Please tell me that was another book quote.
>if worse comes to wear, at least there will be a wicked cool explosion in the end.
Something to keep in mind, in the way of safety: MAINTENANCE! Just like a sword can chip and eventually break, so too can cannons and guns. Take proper care of it to help prevent the odds of things going catastrophically wrong! ...Plus, if it does end up cracked, you'll notice it, and can then trick an enemy into using it, so you can watch THEM blow up instead.
>Only if I get to choose the scarf you’ll wear.
Such a couple of lovebirds. I'd give some fancy way of saying that, but "love avians" just sounds dumb.
>Um… I’m sure they didn’t mean it like that…
Half and half. For somebody who objectifies everything, anybody with a rare condition is a "trophy." On the other hand, I was being sarcastic and making fun of people who objectify everything.
>machineguns
Let's wait until they find a way to create automatic crossbows, yeah?
Automatic crossbows, hrm. I'm not sure how they work, to be honest, but they somebody slide a bolt in from a box that holds a bunch, and are capable of firing quite quickly. Maybe if you had multiple strings that got spun around as they get used? That's a real toughie, I gotta say. Best you could probably do for now is "Semi-automatic," which is one that reloads itself, but you have to release the trigger and pull it again to fire another bolt.
>Because restarting a fire instead of keeping some embers glowing would be a total pain in the ass.
In other words, you'd have some partially used logs in there, rather than keeping it clean and spiffy.
But, uh, maybe it was dirty and our eyes are just too bad to tell?
>>
No. 606427 ID: 2fdec1

Everybody, freeze where you are! There might be traps here and y'all were just lucky enough they weren't where you stepped. And this guy is a master rune crafter, right? So that means he could have stuck trap runes on ANYTHING down here. I don't want to take the gamble that he didn't trap this place so everybody retrace their steps back up and out of here and wait for Brad. He was on his way to Sten's to ask about Eric when we switched to you, so by now he ought to be on his way here. We'll send Brad down to poke around since he's both a Windwalker, meaning he might be able to dodge a trap, and a ghost, meaning that if a trap does hit him he can take damage that would kill or seriously injure one of you and recover from it.

I notice that the wall behind Jal and Vlad is wood, not stone. That means it's not a foundation wall which means there's almost certainly at least some open space behind it, so the here might be a hidden compartment back there or possibly even a whole other hidden room. Or it could just be a plumbing run, empty dead space or the non-hidden rest of the basement of this house. You've searched the place, so how's that probable space back there fit into the layout?

We'll have to remember to bag the sheets and such from Eric's bed before leaving. They have his scent, so we can have hounds sniff them to track him down. If won't work in the city of course, but we can have them circle the perimeter of the city outside the walls to check if his scent trail is out there. ...Actually, considering he's probably screwed a number of women in that bed, bag his dirty laundry instead so we don't get their scents mingled with his and confusing things.

>Err… I’m pretty sure the stones match… and who keep a flame lit in the fireplace when they leave!? That would just burn the house down!
For a country that seems to be frozen half the year I wonder why nobody around here has yet invented the cast-iron stove, or at least metal covers for the fireplaces with downward facing vents, to solve the problem of stray embers floating out and possibly igniting the place.

>Without hesitation, he flung open the hatch and threw himself down into the unknown depths below
That's from The Binding of Isaac, right?

>>
No. 606546 ID: 65a774
File 141727681317.png - (11.27KB , 900x450 , 89.png )
606546

>That's from The Binding of Isaac, right?
Damn you, Rebirth, stop stealing all my time!

>Everybody, freeze where you are! There might be traps here and y'all were just lucky enough they weren't where you stepped.
:MikhailUNB: Right, let’s not take any chances. We’ve already done too many mistakes already.
>I don't want to take the gamble that he didn't trap this place so everybody retrace their steps back up and out of here and wait for Brad.
:MikhailUNB: Actually, as we’re still on the same street as the inn, I think I’ll just go get him instead. Be right back… and don’t touch anything!
>Remember to bag some of Eric’s old clothes. They have his scent, so we can have hounds sniff them to track him down.
:VladUNB: …right, I’ll go see if I can find a dirty sock or something…



:BradfordUNB: Err… why am I alone down here again?
:JalUNB: Becouse you’re like already dead and stuff. So you don’t need to worry about traps.
:BradfordUNB: They still hurt, you know…
:MikhailUNB: Stop being a wuss and start poking stuff. Use the broom if you don’t want to be killed by a fire ball or something.
>You sure the uniform is just a manikin?
:BradfordUNB: It’s a manikin, definitely. Ugly too.
>Why is there a dummy back there dressed as one of the mercs?
:JalUNB: To keep his extra clothes nice and clean?
>Because restarting a fire instead of keeping some embers glowing would be a total pain in the ass.
:VladUNB: Yeah, it’s odd. It seems rather unused.
>In other words, you'd have some partially used logs in there, rather than keeping it clean and spiffy. But, uh, maybe it was dirty and our eyes are just too bad to tell?
:JalUNB: There’s ash and stuff there, but it doesn’t seem to be used very often.
>For a country that seems to be frozen half the year I wonder why nobody around here has yet invented the cast-iron stove, or at least metal covers for the fireplaces with downward facing vents, to solve the problem of stray embers floating out and possibly igniting the place.
:JalUNB: Actually, they exist. They are kind of expensive though and it’s generally cheaper to just have someone carve a rune of warmth under the floor boards. It is usually enough for most of the year.

>It's probably just a workshop- those books are probably on runecraft.
:BradfordUNB: “Runes and Rune applications, Master edition.”
:MikhailUNB: Master edition? Wasn’t he just an apprentice?
:JalUNB: He’s a pawn too. We learn faster, remember?
>Is that a note on the table?
:BradfordUNB: “E, Usual place is clean. After we’re done with”… there’s a big green ink stain here? Hmm… either way, “task we’ll meet at E G and move to the usual place to hide. Our buyers will be arriving in a day or two. Good luck.” … “Ps: Are you sure this will work? Isn’t there an easier way in?”.
:MikhailUNB: Hmm… the usual place? E g? Easier way into what?
:VladUNB: Wait, who leaves a note like that out in the open like this?
:JalUNB: Simple, either it’s fake or he’s a moron.

>I notice that the wall behind Jal and Vlad is wood, not stone. That means it's not a foundation wall which means there's almost certainly at least some open space behind it, so the here might be a hidden compartment back there or possibly even a whole other hidden room.
:BradfordUNB: …one of the boards is looking loose… I’ll poke it with the broom.
:VladUNB: Be careful! It might be-
>>
No. 606547 ID: 65a774
File 141727683010.png - (16.91KB , 900x450 , 90.png )
606547

*Swhhh!!*
*Crash!*
:VladUNB: Are you alright!?
:BradfordUNB: I’m fine… the manikin on the other hand…
:MikhailUNB: Wow… that rune was rather powerful. Far beyond anything the rune crafters in town can accomplish.
:JalUNB: So… what’s our loot?
:BradfordUNB: …An empty doorway with a bunch of runes on it?
:JalUNB: Aw, I was hoping for gold and jewels…

Insert Noo! My attempt to lure you into a false sense of security failed!_
>>
No. 606555 ID: 93ad1b

Think that could be a portal?
>>
No. 606581 ID: 9b57d3

>>606547
We need someone who's good at runes to take a look at it. It's probably some form of portal... even like 10 feet of teleportation would be useful here to connect to an underground tunnel or something. Question is, how to activate it safely?

The diary is worrisome. Who is the buyer? Green sold things to cultists before, but then betrayed them after the sale. Is he going to do that again?
>>
No. 606607 ID: 4f004c

>Wait, who leaves a note like that out in the open like this?
Out in the open? It's in the middle of a hidden room!
>…An empty doorway with a bunch of runes on it?
That's called a "Gateway," Brad. They need a magic charge to open up to somewhere, but this likely connects to that E G place.
>>
No. 606851 ID: 2fdec1

Holy shit! That was a hell of a powerful trap! It's a damn good thing we got you over here for this, Brad, 'cause if we hadn't I don't see any way anybody else in the group poking that board wouldn't have ended in at least one death.

Alright, this doorway with the runes is probably a teleportation gate, or it might be a trap made to look like one. Really, we just don't know and after what just happened with that trap rune my suspicion level of this gateway is beyond red and somewhere in the vicinity of plaid right now. Hell, for all we know it's a cleverly disguised explosive rune, so nobody even think of going near that gateway, let alone touching it. We're going to handle this with the utmost care we possibly can and not take chances.

Get the best rune crafters we have in the city in here to examine this gateway, with the absolute minimum of touching it possible, as well as go over any of Eric's notes on his work he might have left behind. I know they won't be anywhere near the skill of Eric, but the least they'll be able to give us is an inkling of what this thing is and rule out obvious traps. Also, we should specifically get Master Anderson in on this. Eric is both his son and former apprentice so he might have insight into Eric's work the other rune crafters would not.

That note was obviously left here for whoever investigated the place since Green wouldn't be so sloppy as to leave such a thing laying about. It's most likely fake, but it might be real and Green is giving us a hint at what he's actually going to do so we'll back off. Okay, lets go over it. The "E" is almost certainly for "Eric," and the "E G" I'd guess stands for "Eric's Gate," which is how they got out of the city and outside Steve's senses; There's probably a linked gate in or near their hideout, probably in one of those abandoned forts nearby. And putting that postscript together with what we've seen of Green, I can take a guess at where they're looking to get into: The Vault up in the Pillar of the Heavens. Green is planning to double-cross the Blood God steal the Grand Rune of Air. At least, that's what this note would have us think. With Green it could easily all be lies.

Lets put this note through closer inspection. Hold it up to a bright light and see if anything special shows up or something. Next get a pencil and gently rub the edge of it across the back of the notepaper. That should bring out the indentations made by the writing that was covered by the ink stain allowing it to be read. This note might have also been from a notepad, meaning there may be indentations in it from the previous note written on the pad, so rub the pencil across the front of the note to see if they can be brought out.

Dammit, I wish I'd thought of this before that trap was sprung, but Eric probably placed runes on his Larvate mask and uniform. If we had taken them for study we might find out at least some of what runic augmentations he could place on his and his associates' clothes or armor f