[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 585985)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 41314 unique user posts. View catalog

File 140642510167.png - (313.13KB , 800x600 , 1.png )
585985 No. 585985 ID: e5e5e0

Within the Empire of Moorindrake, a tournament of sorts is held, every ten years. It is a competition of nobles, meant to appease the emperor of the land, and to uphold a tradition that has long since lost it's true purpose. The goal? Simple. The six kingdoms under the Emperor's control are to select champions from among their people, and send them on an errand for the emperor. Find seven of the most impressive items in the land, whatever they may be, and bring one of them to each king. Whoever's gift the kings judge most impressive, is then passed unto the emperor himself, and honor is given to the giving kingdom. This tradition has continued more or less uneventfully for several hundred years.. But this year, something interesting happened in the kingdom of Cadrule.
Expand all images
>>
No. 585986 ID: e5e5e0
File 140642512482.png - (76.95KB , 800x600 , 2.png )
585986

As is tradition, 50 nobles of Cadrule stepped forward to put their names into a lottery of sorts. The result of which, is to be determined by none other than the god of chance. The god of chance, however, happens to be very good friends with the god of mischief..
>>
No. 585987 ID: e5e5e0
File 140642514168.png - (89.72KB , 800x600 , 3.png )
585987

King Mychus -"..49! HOUSE OF CLINDUS! WHAT A BLESSING JUHUS, LORD OF CHANCE HAS GIVEN PIRUS, ELDEST OF TWO REMAINING SONS OF CLINDUS!! WHAT A BLESSING!!"
>>
No. 585988 ID: e5e5e0
File 140642516083.png - (74.45KB , 800x600 , 4.png )
585988

King Mychus - "PIRUS, COME FORWARD, AND STAND BEFORE THE CROWD! TAKE A BOW!"
>>
No. 585989 ID: e5e5e0
File 140642518488.png - (11.61KB , 800x600 , 5.png )
585989

Guardmaster - "King Mychus.. My lord. I.. did not wish to inform you until after the ceremony, my lord but.."

King Mychus - "But what? Out with it!"

Guardmaster - "Within the late hours of the night.. Sir Pirus' was found.. dead, my lord.."

King Mychus - "Impossible! The god of chance, would not choose a dead champion!"
>>
No. 585990 ID: e5e5e0
File 140642520295.png - (7.54KB , 800x600 , 6.png )
585990

King Mychus - "Now hear me, Pirus! Come forward now and do no more honor to these false claims! Is it not you who wields the 49th number in this lottery of fate?! Come forward!"
>>
No. 585991 ID: e5e5e0
File 140642522753.png - (11.73KB , 800x600 , 7.png )
585991

King Mychus - "Pirus! I demand you come forward NO-"

??? - "Excuse me...!"

King Mychus - "AND WHO ARE YOU, TO INTERRUPT A KING?!"

??? - "It's just that.. I know where the number is, my lord."

King Mychus - "OH DO YOU NOW?! WELL I DEMAND YOU SHOW ME AT ONCE, BEFORE I ORDER YOUR LIFE TAKEN FROM YOU!"

*Gulp* ??? - "Yes, my lord!"
>>
No. 585992 ID: e5e5e0
File 140642526699.png - (9.15KB , 800x600 , 8.png )
585992

The quiet young man pointed to the crowd at a single person. "They have it, my lord. Was given to them.. by Sir Pirus himself."
Nobleman - "That one there?! Impossible! They are but a-"

Choose your race.

Human - Higher Charisma.

Catfolk - Higher Stealth, higher climbing skill.

Drow - Lower Charisma, Learn Magic easier.

Elf - Higher intelligence, Higher Archery.

Lizardfolk - Higher resistance to disease and poisons, higher swimming skill.

Ratfolk - Higher stealth, higher lockpicking skill, higher pickpocket skill, lower charisma, lower strength.

(Note: Any skill bonuses can be gained over time by other races as well. Race portraits do not reflect protagonist's final appearance.)
>>
No. 585993 ID: 6d3b18

Catfolk or ratfolk.
>>
No. 585994 ID: 0ee153

Magic is nice, but drow baggage from thousands of Driz'zt clones is less so. Human for charisma.
>>
No. 585996 ID: d0864b

Hmm, Catfolk, elf or lizardfolk (in that order of preference). I don't think we want to go with anything that lowers charisma, but human seems kind of boring. I prefer stealth or int characters anyway and resistances is always nice.
>>
No. 586007 ID: ebc77d

Lizardfolk or bust
>>
No. 586012 ID: 53548a

>>586007
I choose bust. Catfolk or ratfolk, they have breasts.
>>
No. 586014 ID: 9ddf68

Lizardfolk
>>
No. 586018 ID: e5e5e0
File 140643389949.png - (5.64KB , 800x600 , 9.png )
586018

Your answer has been received.
Please answer the following questions to determine your personality.

===========
Question 1

You see a group of people hanging out at a bar, they're having a good time and seem friendly, and you want to join them, so you...
A -Introduce yourself and inform them you'll be joining them.
B -Approach and ask if you can hang out.
C -Offer to buy them drinks so maybe they'll let you hang with them.
D -Stay away, they wouldn't want to hang out with you..
E -What? I didn't even notice them.
=====================
Question 2

You pass an alleyway and hear the distinct sounds of a man being mugged by another man, what do you do?
A -Kick the mugger's ass!
B -Sneak up on the mugger and try to interfere in some way
C -Run and see if you can find help!
D -Approach and join in on the mugging, this dude looks loaded!
============
Question 3

You find a bag of money outside on the street, and you think you might be able to catch up to the woman who dropped it.
A -Run to catch her and return the bag.
B -Keep the money, not your fault she lost it.
C -Run to catch up to her, but ask for a reward!
D - Give it to the homeless, they need it more than either of you.
E - Leave it, not your business.
==============
Question 4

A friend of yours invites you to watch his comedy group perform. You know he's not very good.
A -Attend anyway, because that's what friends do.
B -Don't attend, tell him you don't want to.
C -Don't attend, tell him you have a prior engagement!(you don't)
D -Attend simply to give him a scathing review and boo him off the stage
================
Question 5

A friend from school asks for some help with math work, you decide to..
A -Help him out! Of course you know math!
B -Don't help him, he didn't study and he's on his own. Stupid.
C -Help him out!...even though you're bad at math too.. You probably have better chances..
D -Wh..What? Math? You suck at math.
E -Help him out, but fill in all the wrong answers and deliver it directly to the teacher as his notes. Make sure to draw dicks all over it too.

[Answer sheet example: 1-A 2-B 3-A = Question 1 A, Question 2 B, Question 3 A.]
>>
No. 586019 ID: 6d3b18

1-E 2-B 3-C 4-A 5-C
>>
No. 586020 ID: 9ddf68

1)C
2)B
3)A
4)A
5)C
>>
No. 586032 ID: ebc77d

>>586018
1-B
2-A
3-A
4-A
5-C
>>
No. 586033 ID: 0ee153

1- E
2- D
3- B
4- D
5- E
>>
No. 586042 ID: e5e5e0
File 140644243406.png - (5.30KB , 800x600 , 10.png )
586042

You are a Catfolk! You're polite, Brave, Heroic and Confident! But you're also Brash and Dumb. You start with higher climbing, and stealth skills!

[Note: Personality traits(See above) do not affect stats.]

Your father was a...

Mercenary - A increased combat skill of your choice from the following, One handed, Two handed, Shield, Blade, Blunt, Hand to hand, Heavy Armor, Light Armor. A very slim chance to start with a small reputation.

Knight - A increased combat skill in, One handed, Shield, Blade, Heavy Armor. A slim chance to start with a medium reputation.

Beggar - A increased skill in, Hand to hand. No reputation.

Thief - A increased skill in, Lock-picking, Pickpocket. No reputation.

Cleric - Increased skill in, Worship, Restoration, Medical. No reputation.

Politician/Noble - A increased skill in, Etiquette, Silver Tongue. A large chance to start with a reputation. Start with a bonus language spoken of your choice from the following, Dwarven, Elvish, Giantish, Eyaran.

Hunter - A increased starting skill in, Archery, Tracking, Crafting. No reputation.

Smithy - A increased starting skill in, Smithing, Crafting. A slim chance for a small reputation.

Mage - A increased skill in, Alchemy, Conjuration, Destruction, Illusion, Mysticism, Restoration. A Chance to have a reputation.


[Note: Your father's occupation will effect the characters the protagonist knows further in the story. If choosing a multiple option choice, please specify which skills to start with as well. I.E. Mercenary, with light armor. Etc.]
>>
No. 586048 ID: 0ee153

Beggar.
>>
No. 586050 ID: ebc77d

>>586042
Hunting be a good job mate. It's challenging work, out of doors and I reckon you'd not go hungry, unless you suck and catch nothing.
>>
No. 586051 ID: db2a3f

Thief or Smithy, for Lock-picking or Smithing/Crafting
>>
No. 586094 ID: d0864b

Ooh so many interesting choices; I can't decide. I like hunter, but smith, thief, politician or mage also look very nice. (Bonus language Eyaran if we go with the politician)
>>
No. 586100 ID: a36601

Smithy or Hunter
>>
No. 586104 ID: 9ddf68

smithy
>>
No. 586132 ID: 37aa84

Beggar, The God of Chance was in rare form today.
>>
No. 586159 ID: e5e5e0
File 140648635059.png - (6.68KB , 800x600 , 11.png )
586159

Your father was a hunter! You start with increased skill in archery, tracking, and crafting.

Finally, the last questions.. Are you a boy, or a girl? And would you say you are cute, or attractive?

[Note: Gender and physical appearance have no stat effects.]
>>
No. 586161 ID: bf3f12

cute girl! cute girl!
>>
No. 586162 ID: 0ee153

Can tgchan play as a male for once? Don't care if cute or attractive.
>>
No. 586167 ID: 53548a

Attractive girl. There are male characters on /quest/, they just get ignored more.
>>
No. 586169 ID: 0ee153

>>586167
No questdis thread yet, so posting here: True, but most of those weren't given a vote. I can't remember one time when tgchan was given the option to pick a boy or girl and didn't go with the girl, outside of Kaktus' quests. Even with Kaktus' quests, the girls got picked first, then the boys in later quests.
>>
No. 586171 ID: 6d3b18

Cute girl. If we're going with the dumb heroics personality, we can at least subvert the template a little.
>>
No. 586172 ID: 53548a

>>586169
Here:
>>/meep/26525
>>
No. 586174 ID: e5e5e0

Discussion thread is up. Feel free to have super serious discussions in there.
>>
No. 586178 ID: 2fd516

>>586159
Cute girl.
>>
No. 586183 ID: 2f4b71

>>586159
Girl, well-built. Being a Smith is hard manual work.
>>
No. 586198 ID: a36601

>>586183
((psst, we're a hunter's kid))

Going with a guy. Also cute I guess?
>>
No. 586209 ID: 9ddf68

a cute guy, but he hates it when people tell him he's cute which only encourages people even more.
>>
No. 586228 ID: d0864b

We're cute! You know, young-looking, big puppy err I mean kitty eyes. It get's us out of so much trouble.

I don't really care if we're male or female. Maybe we're fairly androgynous?
>>
No. 586230 ID: ef7fd2

>>586183
Seconding this. Buff girls everywhere.
>>
No. 586352 ID: e5e5e0
File 140652674607.png - (243.45KB , 800x600 , 12.png )
586352

Nobleman - "...hunter! A catfolk at that! AND A WOMAN!"

The crowd murmurs in agreement as they look over the young catfolk, obviously elated over being chosen.

Nobleman - "Look at all that DISGUSTING FUR! And you dare to suggest that the gods have chosen HER, over someone like MYSELF?! I demand to see proof!"
>>
No. 586353 ID: e5e5e0
File 140652675814.png - (15.71KB , 800x600 , 13.png )
586353

Catfolk Hunter - "Here's your proof!"

She said, before displaying the number before the crowd, and indeed it was glowing golden with the god's will.
>>
No. 586354 ID: e5e5e0
File 140652677332.png - (7.58KB , 800x600 , 14.png )
586354

All at once, the crowd began to shout. Shouts of anger, shock, disbelief, all directed at the young girl.

King Mychus - "ENOUGH! I'VE HEARD ENOUGH!"
>>
No. 586355 ID: e5e5e0
File 140652678717.png - (9.31KB , 800x600 , 15.png )
586355

King Mychus - ".......If it.. Is indeed you.. You will have no trouble, extracting the Holy Relic from this pool, to guide you on your quest.."

Catfolk Hunter - "Uhh, I can do that! No problem! Lemme just.."
>>
No. 586356 ID: e5e5e0
File 140652679644.png - (11.21KB , 800x600 , 16.png )
586356

King Mychus - "Please. Do proceed."

Catfolk Hunter - *Gulp*
>>
No. 586357 ID: e5e5e0
File 140652680981.png - (9.47KB , 800x600 , 17.png )
586357

With a sudden bolt of her hand, the young girl felt deep within the seemingly bottomless pool. And just as even she began to doubt herself, she grasped something, and pulled from the water...

[Please choose what form the Holy Relic will take. This will be the main form of tgchan throughout the quest. Sword, Amulet, Ring, Watch, etc.]
>>
No. 586359 ID: 53ba34

a gauntlet with a ruby on the back of the hand.
>>
No. 586360 ID: 6d3b18

Magic compass.
>>
No. 586361 ID: 0ee153

http://pribek.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/dummy.JPG
This.
>>
No. 586368 ID: 2fd516

>>586357
A sock.
What do you mean that's not an acceptable form for a holy relic? Fine.
A watch. In a perfectly ordinary sock.
>>
No. 586371 ID: 41f433

>>586357
A large crossbow, with attached stock of arrows. Just think of how abusable firing our consciousness around would be?
>>
No. 586372 ID: 9ddf68

a blindfold, that when you wear it you see through someone/something else's eyes. As for who, well it's a holy artifact so that's up to the gods.
>>
No. 586373 ID: d0864b

Combine these two: >>586359 & >>586360
Hard to lose, pretty and functional, what's not to like?
>>
No. 586374 ID: 761017

She is pulled into the pool, and climbs out followed by a physical clone of herself!


More seriously, I vote for this
>>586371
>>
No. 586393 ID: 17ad20

>god of chance
A quiver which immediately starts filling with strangely colored arrows, no two of them alike.
>>
No. 586428 ID: 7e4b54

A skull on a stick!
>>
No. 586435 ID: 8e334e

>>586428
A stick on a stick :D
No. A grenade on a stick!
>>
No. 586443 ID: 37aa84

A mask bearing a terrified visage.
>>
No. 586476 ID: e5e5e0
File 140660107495.png - (8.44KB , 800x600 , 18.png )
586476

The girl suddenly clutched something, deep within the well, and began pulling with all her might..
>>
No. 586477 ID: e5e5e0
File 140660109180.png - (9.75KB , 800x600 , 19.png )
586477

With a large splash, she freed the Holy Relic from the pool, astounding onlookers.
Nobleman -"It's a.. a.."
>>
No. 586479 ID: e5e5e0
File 140660110474.png - (8.23KB , 800x600 , 20.png )
586479

Nobleman - "Gauntlet??"

King Mychus - "With ten gems, each a different color! She is indeed chosen!"

King Mychus - "I must ask, lass. How did the number come into your possession??"

Catfolk Hunter - "...It was given to me. The knight, Pirus. He defended me from a group of bandits, and as he lay dying, said to me..."
>>
No. 586480 ID: e5e5e0
File 140660112247.png - (15.39KB , 800x600 , 21.png )
586480

Pirus Clindus - "Oh? You're still here? Did I not tell you to run? How silly of me... It seems I am dying.. I suppose my vice has caught up to me at last.. Always going after pretty girls. How silly of me."
>>
No. 586481 ID: e5e5e0
File 140660113554.png - (16.75KB , 800x600 , 22.png )
586481

Pirus Clindus - "..You know what? Here. Take this. It's my number from the lottery."

Catfolk Hunter - "Wh..Why me?"

Pirus Clindus - "Hm? Well. You are the only one here. Ahaha.. Besides.. It should be interesting..."
>>
No. 586482 ID: e5e5e0
File 140660115308.png - (7.88KB , 800x600 , 23.png )
586482

Later that day, after receiving the Holy Relic.

??? - "Still nothing? Are you sure you're doing it right?"

Catfolk Hunter - "There's no wrong way to do it, Milo! You just touch it and it works!"

Milo - "Okay okay! I just thought maybe it would have started talking by now."
>>
No. 586483 ID: e5e5e0
File 140660116960.png - (11.89KB , 800x600 , 24.png )
586483

Catfolk Hunter - "Maybe only the gems talk.."

Milo - "So, let's do a status update on your sweet quest. You're all alone, where the other chosen have squires and even armies to help them. You're ill equipped, have little money, and best of all, you have a Holy Relic that is broken."

Catfolk Hunter - "It's not broken! It's just... Quiet!"

Milo - "Did you get a load of the King's weird eye earlier? Like holy shit what's up with that, right?"

Catfolk Hunter - "MILO! THAT'S SO RUDE!!"
>>
No. 586485 ID: 2fd516

>>586481
Solaire, is that you?

>>586483
WE ARE NOT BROKEN GOOD SIR!
I saw the eye, and it was indeed weird.
>>
No. 586486 ID: 37aa84

GREETINGS MORTAL, WE ARE HERE TO ASSIST THE CHAMPION ON THEIR QUEST. ARE YOU THEY?
>>
No. 586487 ID: e5e5e0
File 140660235310.png - (12.00KB , 800x600 , 25.png )
586487

Catfolk Hunter - "Whoa!"

Milo - "What."

Catfolk Hunter - "It talked!"

Milo - "Really?? I didn't hear anything, what did it say?"

Catfolk Hunter - "It said it wasn't broken, and agreed that the king's eye was weird!"

Milo - "Oh wow so it can hear me?"

Catfolk Hunter - "Obviously! Yes, Holy Relic! I am the champion! I thank you for your assistance!"

Milo - "Is it wise?"

Catfolk Hunter - "How should I know?? I've only just met it!"

Milo - "Ask it something! Ask it something wise! Ask it something only a spirit from the god's could know!"

Catfolk Hunter - "Like what??"

Milo - "Spirits! Holy Relic can you hear me?? If you are indeed the spirits! What color underwear am I wearing!?"

Catfolk Hunter - "MILO!! I'm sorry about him, Holy Relic! Um.. A question only the Holy Relic would know.. What is my name?"
>>
No. 586488 ID: 53ba34

just take some time to get charged after being asleep for so long.
>>
No. 586489 ID: 53ba34

haha, unfortunately our perception of your world is filtered. only when it is important do things have color. right now everything is in black and white.
>>
No. 586490 ID: 9ddf68

first of we're mostly color blind also he isn't wearing any

second Harley

next we aren't all knowing so when something comes along that we have no idea what it is be prepared to be bombarded with questions until we feel satisfied.
>>
No. 586493 ID: e6e228

...Thou art Cala Prandart, art thou not?
>>
No. 586496 ID: 53ba34

>>586493
yes that's it.
>>
No. 586508 ID: 37aa84

>>586487
Ahh good you are the Champion. Unfortunately we've never been a part of this ritual before but we are cunning and many so we should be able to come up with solutions to many a conundrum.
>>
No. 586522 ID: e5e5e0
File 140660984974.png - (11.97KB , 800x600 , 26.png )
586522

>haha, unfortunately our perception of your world is filtered. only when it is important do things have color. right now everything is in black and white.

Catfolk Hunter - "Colorblind?"

Milo - "Hey, just like you!"

Catfolk Hunter - "Shut up! I can see some of them!"

>next we aren't all knowing so when something comes along that we have no idea what it is be prepared to be bombarded with questions until we feel satisfied.

Catfolk Hunter - "Okay. I can deal with that!"

>Ahh good you are the Champion. Unfortunately we've never been a part of this ritual before but we are cunning and many so we should be able to come up with solutions to many a conundrum.

Cala - "Awesome! The first thing I gotta ask is-"

Milo - "I wanna hear it too! Lemme touch it!"
>>
No. 586523 ID: e5e5e0
File 140660987442.png - (10.15KB , 800x600 , 27.png )
586523

>...Thou art Cala Prandart, art thou not?

Milo - "WOAH! FREAKY!"

Cala - "Yeah! Wow!!"

>he isn't wearing any

Cala - "..."

Milo - "It DOES know all! Hey can I put it on??"

Cala - "What? No! It's mine, it probably wouldn't even fit!"
>>
No. 586524 ID: e5e5e0
File 140660988886.png - (8.78KB , 800x600 , 28.png )
586524

Milo - "Aw c'mon lemme just..."
>>
No. 586525 ID: e5e5e0
File 140660990557.png - (9.97KB , 800x600 , 29.png )
586525

Milo - "Hang on, almost there.."
>>
No. 586526 ID: e5e5e0
File 140660991901.png - (9.68KB , 800x600 , 30.png )
586526

Milo - "Oh shit!"
>>
No. 586527 ID: e5e5e0
File 140660993798.png - (13.12KB , 800x600 , 31.png )
586527

Cala - "YOU BROKE IT! NOW IT'S ACTUALLY BROKEN!! YOU DOOFUS!!"

Milo - "Uhhhh, I can fix this!"
>>
No. 586528 ID: e5e5e0
File 140660995842.png - (8.13KB , 800x600 , 32.png )
586528

*POP*

Milo - "See, there you go! I think the gems are meant to come out!"

Cala - "Jeez! You're so destructive.."
>>
No. 586529 ID: e5e5e0
File 140660997393.png - (13.38KB , 800x600 , 33.png )
586529

Milo - "I wonder what's in this part.. It's all sealed up. Another gem?"

Cala - "I dunno. Maybe it's just decoration."
>>
No. 586530 ID: e5e5e0
File 140660998809.png - (16.34KB , 800x600 , 34.png )
586530

*POP*
>>
No. 586531 ID: e5e5e0
File 140661000746.png - (18.65KB , 800x600 , 35.png )
586531

Milo - "OH GODS!! THAT'S TERRIFYING!!!"

Cala - "MILO YOU'RE MAKING A SCENE!"
>>
No. 586533 ID: 2fd516

>>586531
I SEE YOU. In COLOR! We can see color now.

Hmm. I bet if you held onto that jewel that popped out, you could hear us without touching the gauntlet. So we can have 10 people assisting Cala? That's probably too much, let's keep the group small.

So, are you two dating?
>>
No. 586535 ID: f839a9

Oh hey, now you're in color.

I wonder why the gems come out. Maybe they do something? Maybe changing the configuration changes how the glove works? Sorry, unfortunately, we didn't come with an instruction manual for our vessel. It's take some trial and error to figure out what the gauntlet's uses and properties are.

>OH GODS!! THAT'S TERRIFYING
*Engage Milo in a staring contest till he blinks*
>>
No. 586543 ID: 24dc7a

*Staaaare*
>>
No. 586545 ID: 53ba34

and milo, please don't try to put us on again. our fair lady is correct, we probably became sized correctly as soon as she touched us in the water. even if you could get us on, we would probably be pinchy and uncomfortable.
>>
No. 586547 ID: d8a627

>>586535
Hey, hey! Do a crazy dialating pupil if you're gonna stare. *growing and shrinking pupil goooo!*
By the way holy enchantment kind of means Can Not Be Worn By Any But The Chosen.
You maaaay hold onto a gem though. For a test. Since you popped out the gray one, that's the one you can hold. *Look sideways at it and squint, push it out. Not a pop, just a push, so it gently rolls out* *This better work or I'm calling nerf*
>So, are you two dating?
Pff, Milo wishes. Or dreams. His freaking out is kind of masking this. Maybe it's new and he just wants to be with the lady who won the lottery. There's some sort of tension there but Cala doesn't seem to have any of it.
Hey! Milo! This something new, or what? Speak now, or forever be the butt of jokes!
>>
No. 586565 ID: 9ddf68

holy shit sight!! actual sight! normally we're just kinda limited to what's kinda in the immediate area but holy crap we can actually see, like the bartender and guy in armor and cape over by the bar and in color. I'm liking this so far... what are you two looking at? Oh I get it you want to have a staring contest, well alright.
>>
No. 586593 ID: 37aa84

Now it's time for experiments. See if Milo's hypothesis of the gems being designed to pop out is true. Then write down the current arrangement of the various colors and rearrange them to see if something changes.
>>
No. 586594 ID: 5903c7

The Holy Relic wishes to tell Milo that his haircut needs work.
>>
No. 586694 ID: e5e5e0
File 140667653994.png - (17.54KB , 800x600 , 36.png )
586694

>I SEE YOU. In COLOR! We can see color now.
>Oh hey, now you're in color.
>holy shit sight!! actual sight! normally we're just kinda limited to what's kinda in the immediate area but holy crap we can actually see, like the bartender and guy in armor and cape over by the bar and in color.

Cala - "What? No fair!"

Milo - "Ahaha, jealous?"

Cala - "An elf wouldn't understand!"

Milo - "Guy in armor and a cape?"

Cala - "I don't see anybody like that here."

>Hmm. I bet if you held onto that jewel that popped out, you could hear us without touching the gauntlet.

>I wonder why the gems come out. Maybe they do something? Maybe changing the configuration changes how the glove works? Sorry, unfortunately, we didn't come with an instruction manual for our vessel. It's take some trial and error to figure out what the gauntlet's uses and properties are.

Cala - "Well I suppose we'll be finding that out together!"
>>
No. 586695 ID: e5e5e0
File 140667655333.png - (10.18KB , 800x600 , 37.png )
586695

>and milo, please don't try to put us on again. our fair lady is correct, we probably became sized correctly as soon as she touched us in the water. even if you could get us on, we would probably be pinchy and uncomfortable.

>By the way holy enchantment kind of means Can Not Be Worn By Any But The Chosen.

Milo - "What? But-"
>>
No. 586696 ID: e5e5e0
File 140667656993.gif - (72.28KB , 800x600 , 38.gif )
586696

>*Engage Milo in a staring contest till he blinks*
>*Staaaare*
>Hey, hey! Do a crazy dialating pupil if you're gonna stare. *growing and shrinking pupil goooo!*
>what are you two looking at? Oh I get it you want to have a staring contest, well alright.
>>
No. 586697 ID: e5e5e0
File 140667658726.png - (10.18KB , 800x600 , 39.png )
586697

Milo - "Uh.."
>>
No. 586698 ID: e5e5e0
File 140667659809.png - (7.12KB , 800x600 , 40.png )
586698

>>
No. 586699 ID: e5e5e0
File 140667661188.png - (10.68KB , 800x600 , 41.png )
586699

Milo - "...Okay."
>>
No. 586700 ID: e5e5e0
File 140667663477.png - (15.61KB , 800x600 , 42.png )
586700

>You maaaay hold onto a gem though. For a test. Since you popped out the gray one, that's the one you can hold. *Look sideways at it and squint, push it out. Not a pop, just a push, so it gently rolls out*

>See if Milo's hypothesis of the gems being designed to pop out is true.

Milo - "Oh cool!"

Cala - "What?"
>>
No. 586701 ID: e5e5e0
File 140667664619.png - (16.06KB , 800x600 , 43.png )
586701

*roll roll roll*
>>
No. 586703 ID: e5e5e0
File 140667666771.png - (9.84KB , 800x600 , 44.png )
586703

Milo - "Neat!"

Milo - I wonder if it can hear me..
>>
No. 586704 ID: e5e5e0
File 140667668139.png - (15.14KB , 800x600 , 45.png )
586704

>So, are you two dating?
>>
No. 586705 ID: e5e5e0
File 140667670212.png - (15.16KB , 800x600 , 46.png )
586705

Cala - "What? Us? No way. Milo's just a long time friend, just earlier he stuck his neck out for me at the lottery! Real nice guy but.. I mean look at him! Just.. Not really 'boyfriend material'."
>>
No. 586706 ID: e5e5e0
File 140667672186.png - (15.71KB , 800x600 , 47.png )
586706

Milo - D:}

Cala - "Uhhh.. I'm sure.. someone ELSE, would be SUPER glad to have such a catch!"
>>
No. 586707 ID: e5e5e0
File 140667673632.png - (9.75KB , 800x600 , 48.png )
586707

>Pff, Milo wishes. Or dreams. His freaking out is kind of masking this. Maybe it's new and he just wants to be with the lady who won the lottery. There's some sort of tension there but Cala doesn't seem to have any of it.
>Hey! Milo! This something new, or what? Speak now, or forever be the butt of jokes!
>The Holy Relic wishes to tell Milo that his haircut needs work.

Milo - "..."
>>
No. 586708 ID: e5e5e0
File 140667675337.png - (10.02KB , 800x600 , 49.png )
586708

Milo - "I don't think I like this gauntlet very much, Cala."

Cala -"Oh don't be such a baby! You're plenty good enough!... for.. Someone else!"
>>
No. 586709 ID: e5e5e0
File 140667677290.png - (15.28KB , 800x600 , 50.png )
586709

Cala - Date Milo? No thanks..!

Milo - Well this day has become depressing really fast.. So long self confidence!
>>
No. 586710 ID: e5e5e0
File 140667679697.png - (15.40KB , 800x600 , 52.png )
586710

Cala - "A-Anyway! Gauntlet, I was wondering where I should begin my hunt for the emperor's gift. You might have heard Milo mention earlier that I'm a bit outmatched right now."
>>
No. 586711 ID: e5e5e0
File 140667681221.png - (16.21KB , 800x600 , 53.png )
586711

Cala - "I don't have much, to be honest. Aside from what I have on me, there's a few things in my cabin outside of town that probably wouldn't hurt to go get, a bow and such.."

Tattered Vest: 1 + Defense
Tattered Cloth pants: 1 + Defense
Old Leather Boots: 2 + Defense
Faded Bandana: Looks cool. Can be used as a mask.
65 Gold Pieces. Yeah I know, I'm pretty loaded right now. I just sold some furs in town.
>>
No. 586712 ID: e5e5e0
File 140667682701.png - (14.79KB , 800x600 , 54.png )
586712

Milo - "You forgot to mention you're completely alone too! Remember that the other champions are gonna have squires and men to command! And you got yourself!"

Cala -"...Well, Milo. I wouldn't say I'm 'completely' alone."
>>
No. 586713 ID: e5e5e0
File 140667684245.png - (14.89KB , 800x600 , 55.png )
586713

Cala - "You're coming after all!"

Milo - "What?! No I'm not! I'm not delving into a bunch of stupid dungeons full of certain death!"

Cala - "Ohh yes you are! You heard the Gauntlet, Milo! It already chose you by giving you that gem! You're coming!"

Milo - "WHAT?! That's what that was for?? T-Take it back!"

Cala - "Nuh-uh. Too late! You've already accepted the quest! Now come on!"
>>
No. 586714 ID: e5e5e0
File 140667685548.png - (17.53KB , 800x600 , 56.png )
586714

Milo - "C-Cala! I'm just a shopkeeper's kid! I won't even be any use!"

Cala -"Oh sure you'll be! You can take notes, like other squires!"

Milo - "I DON'T WANNA BE A SQUIRE!!"

Okay, Gauntlet! Where to first? Here's some of the places I was thinking of going to prepare..

My Cabin: I should probably stop by home to pick up some things I'll be needing, like my hunting bow!

Milo's House: We'll have to be stopping by to tell Milo's father where he'll be, of course.. Unless you guys don't think I should bring him.

Bazaar: The merchants have come from all over the land to celebrate the festival! I'm sure I could find some neat things there.
>>
No. 586718 ID: 2fd516

>>586714
The more the merrier. I'm sure he can use his skills to get us some good deals while we do our shopping.

Hmmm... Let's stop by Milo's house first. With luck, his dad will give him stuff for the journey. Then the bazaar to pick up anything we're missing, then your house to pick up your stuff. What stuff do you have at your house anyway?
>>
No. 586719 ID: 9ddf68

aw don't be so hard on yourself Milo we give everyone crap... it's one of the few pleasures we're aloud to have and don't worry if you feel like poking fun at us once in a while some good banter can help kill time and besides your going to help Cala win this thing right? I'm sure when everything is said and done girls will be throwing themselves at you.

But yeah as for what to do, uhhhhh, go home grab your things and find a map, we'll figure things out from there.

Also Milo, what skills do you have and Cala feel free to fill in the blanks, we already know your father was a hunter so you've got some Archery, Tracking, Crafting skills but not much of name for yourself... yet, but we're not so sure of your friend so if you could help us fill in the blanks we can help the two of you.

Also don't if you want to just have a privet conversation with us just think we can skim surface thoughts and hear what you are thinking and yes that includes you Milo we can hear you.
>>
No. 586720 ID: 40935b

Split up- it'll test the range on the gem's ability to communicate. Milo can go to his house, you to yours, and meet up in the bazaar.
>>
No. 586724 ID: 5903c7

>>586720
yeah! also miloooooooo, chill! it'll be okay-ish.
...besides, you at least HAVE hair to cut!
>>
No. 586725 ID: d8a627

>Faded Bandana
Huh. Most people wear bandanas in their head slot, not their neck slot. Oh well, what works works!
>Ohh yes you are! You heard the Gauntlet, Milo! It already chose you by giving you that gem! You're coming!
Yay, a champion who gets us! Normally we get people who don't understand what we're trying to suggest, until we directly up and say it.
> I'm just a shopkeeper's kid! I won't even be any use!
Ooh! Merchantile! Such a useful skill to have in the group.
>You can take notes, like other squires!
...Uh, sure, that too. Actually, yeah, a ledger is a sort of notebook!
>>586714
... *evil eye* I think we're being followed. I just saw that cape again.
But nevermind that! Lessee, where to go...
>Unless you guys don't think I should bring him.
What?! No! We totally did choose him to be an ally, that's why we gave him the gray gem! Oh, by the way, mind putting us on? I mean, it might not even make a difference, but then again, it miiiight let you see in color too. ...Actually, let's get you into your cabin before we do that, just incase the drastic change in vision causes you to make a scene. To the cabin!

Oh, and Milo? We can't really force you to come along, but think of it this way: You'll be making a name for yourself and gaining reputation for when you become a shopkeep yourself! You may even be able to make some good cash from your share--whether that share comes after the big quest or after small ones is up to Cala, though. If you do come, you don't actually have to fight, or anything, but learning to appraise stuff (and having somebody who has even apprentice level experience, for our sake!) will be good.
Uh, get a dagger or something if you can, though, just in case something disagrees with you being out of the fights.
>Real nice guy but.. I mean look at him! Just.. Not really 'boyfriend material'.
...By the way, Cala, the tension level skyrocketed after we brought it up. I take it you never considered it, but now you are? You aren't a xenophiliphobe, are you? I would plain say "Xenophobe" but you're definitely friends outside of any intimate relations. And please answer honestly, even if it's a matter of "I'm not, but the laws are," because, let's face it, we're going to be playing matchmaker, and knowing who's actually available will help avoid the majority of the embarrassment.
>>
No. 586732 ID: 37aa84

It's ok Milo we are quite commonly obsessive matchmakers as the second character your practically guaranteed that we will meddle until you have at least a love interest.
>>
No. 586742 ID: 707a11

>>586732
lol what if Milo turns out to be the one exception, pathetically failing at every opportunity? Boy, that'd suck for him.
>>
No. 586805 ID: f839a9

>>586703
Now, don't lose that.

>Not boyfriend material
>D:}
Don't take if personally, elf boy. You're not much of a cat.

>Faded Bandana: Looks cool. Can be used as a mask.
Potentially useful if you need a crude air filter, too.

>C-Cala! I'm just a shopkeeper's kid! I won't even be any use!
What do you mean? That makes you a potentially useful source of free and/or discounted supplies. That also suggests a basic level of education that other adventuring types might be lacking. And you're potentially a useful trader / barter of goods.

Adventuring parties need support characters, and those are good supporting abilities.
>>
No. 586828 ID: 97907e

Put yourself inside usssssss.
>>
No. 586842 ID: e5e5e0
File 140671836992.png - (14.10KB , 800x600 , 57.png )
586842

>What stuff do you have at your house anyway?

Cala - My hunting bow, arrows. a map. Stuff that'll be helpful!

>...By the way, Cala, the tension level skyrocketed after we brought it up. I take it you never considered it, but now you are? You aren't a xenophiliphobe, are you? I would plain say "Xenophobe" but you're definitely friends outside of any intimate relations. And please answer honestly, even if it's a matter of "I'm not, but the laws are," because, let's face it, we're going to be playing matchmaker, and knowing who's actually available will help avoid the majority of the embarrassment.

Cala - I.. What? No! I've never considered him for that because I've known him forever! He's like a brother, not a.. guy. Plus, I mean.. He's not my type.
>>
No. 586843 ID: e5e5e0
File 140671838948.png - (8.83KB , 800x600 , 58.png )
586843

>Split up- it'll test the range on the gem's ability to communicate. Milo can go to his house, you to yours, and meet up in the bazaar.

Cala - "That sounds like a good idea! I'll meet you back at the bazaar, Milo! See if you can get cool stuff from your dad!"

Milo - "What? But-"

Cala - "Laaaaterrr~~"
>>
No. 586844 ID: e5e5e0
File 140671841102.png - (7.10KB , 800x600 , 59.png )
586844

Guess I'm going home. I wonder how much that gem would se-

>aw don't be so hard on yourself Milo we give everyone crap... it's one of the few pleasures we're aloud to have and don't worry if you feel like poking fun at us once in a while some good banter can help kill time and besides your going to help Cala win this thing right? I'm sure when everything is said and done girls will be throwing themselves at you.

Oh! You're still there! Good! I'm glad! And girls? Great! Good! I bet they will...! Ha.. Ha ha..!

*sigh*

>Milo, what skills do you have

Hm? Well, like one of you mentioned earlier, I can appraise treasures and objects fairly accurately. Far better than Cala, anyway. I'm also not half bad at bartering, as I've had to run the store by myself every now and again since I was young. I've never really.. been in a fight before. So I don't know how helpful I could be there. And before you go saying I can probably use a bow because I'm an elf, THAT'S RACIST.

>...besides, you at least HAVE hair to cut!

I'm offended for bald dwarves everywhere.

>Uh, get a dagger or something if you can, though, just in case something disagrees with you being out of the fights.

I don't want to need a dagger! Dammit!... I'll.. I'll see what I can get.

>>586732

.....Really?

>>586742

No that'd be fairly normal, honestly. Anyway, we're here.
>>
No. 586845 ID: e5e5e0
File 140671843241.png - (9.43KB , 800x600 , 60.png )
586845

I step inside, and am greeted by the ecstatic greeting my father always bellows when he hears the bell from another room. "THANK YOU FOR VISITING FAUDNER'S GOODS! WHAT CAN I INterest you..." It fades as he realizes it's me.

Milo's Dad - "Damn, bazaar. No business all day. Everyone at that damn thing... You been out with Cala? How is she doing?"

Milo - "Uhm, interesting you should mention that actually, dad.. Uh.."

How should I go about this?
>>
No. 586850 ID: 37aa84

>>586844
>And girls? Great! Good! I bet they will...! Ha.. Ha ha..!
>*sigh*

Milo, I think it's important to inform us if girls are not within your romantic preferences before we start meddling, it will save a lot of time and hassle for both us, you, and any potential love interests. Anyway you may as well just get it over with and tell him Cala was chosen and is dragging you off for this thing.
>>
No. 586859 ID: d8a627

Oh. We can't see in color through our gems. Oh well, it probably uses up a lot of energy to do so anyways.
So, uh, good news and/or bad news, depending on how your father views you:
The maybe bad: Cala's chosen artifact is demanding you go and help her out.
The sort of good: You might be able to send valuables back?
The good: Unless things end up in comical failure, the extended reputation should boost his business!
>>586850
I would be very surprised after his reaction to Cala if he was only for the guys, but I suppose it's possible.
>>
No. 586861 ID: 40935b

Well.

Cala somehow got a lottery ticket from a dying Pirus Clindus, and her number was selected. She got a holy relic from the pool- a sentient gauntlet of great intelligence and taste. It selected you to join Cala on her quest.

So yeah, you got shanghaied. Don't be afraid to use the gem as proof- because wearing the glove got a particular gem to pop out, I'm unsure he'll be able to hear us through the gem.
>>
No. 586862 ID: f839a9

Lost color vision. I guess you're out of range of our eye, so we're back to relying on whatever our non-visual 'sight' is.

>And before you go saying I can probably use a bow because I'm an elf, THAT'S RACIST.
We're aware of the difference between racial proficiencies and actual ability, thank you.

>How should I go about this?
Just say she got picked at the lottery thing. There's a savvy business angle there, at least. Use association with a new celebrity to increase sales.

...maybe then he'd be in a better mood to hear about you heading off for adventure.
>>
No. 586883 ID: 2fd516

>>586845
"We're going on an adventure!"
>>
No. 586920 ID: 9ddf68

did you ever tell your dad about the guy who gave his lottery ticket to cala before he died? If so tell him her number got picked and she wants you to come with her to help her out whenever you can (and I think that she is scared shitless at trying to do this whole thing by herself). If not tell him about the guy who gave Cala his lottery ticket and then the rest of that stuff. When all is said and done ask if there's anything he can spare to help out you and Cala.
>>
No. 586960 ID: e5e5e0
File 140676920927.png - (9.99KB , 800x600 , 61.png )
586960

>Oh. We can't see in color through our gems. Oh well, it probably uses up a lot of energy to do so anyways.
>Lost color vision. I guess you're out of range of our eye, so we're back to relying on whatever our non-visual 'sight' is.

Oh? That's odd. Some holy relic, huh? Uhh, no offense.

>Milo, I think it's important to inform us if girls are not within your romantic preferences before we start meddling, it will save a lot of time and hassle for both us, you, and any potential love interests.

What?! Hey, man! I'm straight as an arrow! I just don't think me getting swarmed by girls is all that likely! I'm not gay!

>I would be very surprised after his reaction to Cala if he was only for the guys

Thank you.
>>
No. 586962 ID: e5e5e0
File 140676922439.png - (11.22KB , 800x600 , 62.png )
586962

>but I suppose it's possible.

"Dammit, I'm not gay!"
>>
No. 586964 ID: e5e5e0
File 140676923605.png - (9.09KB , 800x600 , 63.png )
586964

Milo's Dad - "...Milo. Do uh, do you need to talk, buddy?"

Dammit.
>>
No. 586965 ID: e5e5e0
File 140676925002.png - (9.13KB , 800x600 , 64.png )
586965

>Cala somehow got a lottery ticket from a dying Pirus Clindus, and her number was selected. She got a holy relic from the pool- a sentient gauntlet of great intelligence and taste. It selected you to join Cala on her quest.

Milo's Dad - "..."

Milo - "I know it's hard to believe, but I'm serious about this. I can prove it with this gem."

Milo's Dad - "..Milo."
>>
No. 586966 ID: e5e5e0
File 140676926978.png - (10.82KB , 800x600 , 65.png )
586966

Milo's Dad - "I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!! I KNEW THIS DAY WOULD COME! HA HA, LIKE FATHER LIKE SON, HUH?!"

Milo - "Dad!-Hurk!- My.. My ribs..!"

Milo's Dad - "And with Cala?? You guys are gonna have so much fun!! And maybe you'll even meet a girl! That's how I met your mother, you know. Did I ever tell you that??"

Milo - "Yes, dad."

Milo's Dad - "Another Faudner helping the chosen one! Oh your mother would be so proud!!"

Milo - "Yeah, dad. Hey uh, I was wondering if you had anything you could spare for-"

Milo's Dad - "Oh! Absolutely! Come on, I'll show you my old gear and you can have anything you want!!"
>>
No. 586968 ID: e5e5e0
File 140676928445.png - (9.06KB , 800x600 , 66.png )
586968

Milo's Dad - "See?? Just like I left it! Ready for another adventure! There's my old hood, and my vest! And over there are my rings of boost life, and moonlight! Ooh! Ooh! And.."
>>
No. 586969 ID: e5e5e0
File 140676930080.png - (7.17KB , 800x600 , 67.png )
586969

Milo's Dad - "My Bow! Oh my Bow of the Dragon's Fang! Did you know this is made from a REAL Dragon's Fang??"

Milo - "Yes, dad. I uh, I don't think I can use that, Dad."

Milo's Dad - "Sure you can! You're an elf! All elves can use bows! It's a fact!"

Milo - "Maybe Cala could use it."

Milo's Dad - "No no no! Only Elves can use this bow! It's an enchantment!"

Milo - "But the drawstring's like trying to bend steel!"
>>
No. 586970 ID: e5e5e0
File 140676931732.png - (11.08KB , 800x600 , 68.png )
586970

Milo's Dad - "Take whatever you want! You can have anything here!"

Milo - "Tha-"

Milo's Dad - "Oh, and I guess you could take along this 'dagger of truth' too. It'll get you out of a jam, it's just a bit.."

Milo - "Thanks dad."
>>
No. 586971 ID: e5e5e0
File 140676933141.png - (8.24KB , 800x600 , 69.png )
586971

See? See why I was hesitant to talk to him about it? Gods.. He's been waiting for this for years.. Probably since before I was born.. I'll leave it up to you guys what I take, but.. I doubt anyone but my father can use that bow.
>>
No. 586972 ID: e5e5e0
File 140676934446.png - (10.36KB , 800x600 , 70.png )
586972

Milo's Dad - "Oooh! Is that a piece of the Relic?? Oh lemme see lemme see!"

Milo - "Dad-!"
>>
No. 586973 ID: e5e5e0
File 140676936096.png - (12.83KB , 800x600 , 71.png )
586973

Milo's Dad - "A gauntlet you said? That's SOO much better than the relic WE got! I hear they have trouble remembering people from when they were other relics but... Hey, guys!! It's me, Faudner!! I know it might not mean much but, I always wanted to thank you guys for all your help! We might not have won, but we sure went far! I'm counting on you to help guide my son and his friends to victory!! Oh and um, I have a favor to ask.. Could you uh, help find him a girlfriend?"

Milo - "DAD!"

Milo's Dad - "Oh uh, looks like Milo wants you back now! Thanks again, guys! Bye!"
>>
No. 586974 ID: e5e5e0
File 140676937550.png - (7.79KB , 800x600 , 72.png )
586974

Milo - "That's so embarassing!"

Anyway uh, you guys are probably wanting to check up on Cala by now.. Why don't you just tell me what to bring to the bazaar and I'll meet you guys there..

Milo's Dad - "IF YOU GUYS SEE MIZUS AGAIN TELL HIM THANKS FOR THE BOW!!"
>>
No. 586975 ID: e5e5e0
File 140676938738.png - (16.07KB , 800x600 , 73.png )
586975

...Not much further now. I wonder how Milo's- Oh! Hey the eye opened up! Does that mean you guys are back? Hello?
>>
No. 586979 ID: 2fd516

>>586975
Ayep! Milo's dad gave him a bow. Bow of the Dragon's Fang. He says only an elf can wield it, but Milo doesn't think he can use it. Maybe you can use it anyway?

So, got any family?
>>
No. 586984 ID: 9ddf68

Milo just take everything seeing as it's all just a spare change of clothes, some actual useful rings, and a bow... and some arrows. If nothing else Cala can help you practice with it if you guys ever get some free time.

Oh and yeah we're back, Cala Milo got some things from his father including some bruised ribs and said he'll meet up with you at the bazaar. How bout you how you holding up?
>>
No. 586986 ID: 40935b

Guten tag, we've got more objectives from Milo's father- thank a 'mizus' for giving him the bow, guide you guys to victory, and get Milo a girlfriend. Is it true we're the same holy artifact, given amnesia and a new form?

Milo, tell your dad we said 'sir yes sir', then grab the stuff.
>>
No. 586987 ID: e6e228

@Milo- buck up boy! You're from your father's stock, and I'll betcha he wasn't much better off himself when he started, for all the muscles and bravado he carries now!
But seriously, you'd be surprised at what you're capable of.

@Cala- Hail, how fares thy noble quest!
>>
No. 586989 ID: d8a627

>Some holy relic, huh? Uhh, no offense.
Actually, I agree. It's kind of a rip-off that only the gauntlet itself gets all that power, and not each of the gems. Oh well, at least we can talk with you from a distance from the gauntlet. That's better than nothing.
>>586962
Yeah, okay, I think it's more that you want a real relationship than a harem, then. Makes sense, people in market business tend to think more practically than fantasy.
>Another Faudner helping the chosen one!
Oh! Uh, I guess it's all good news then! I can honestly say I did not expect that. I mean, I figured there was a chance he was glad to get rid of you, but otherwise that he'd be upset to lose you. Him being glad you get the chance to prove yourself did not cross my mind.
>No no no! Only Elves can use this bow! It's an enchantment!
I wonder if our holiness grants quicker learning on these things, then. Or maybe the gauntlet can trick the bow into thinking Cala's an Elf. I suppose when you get free time, just sitting around a campfire, you could practice pulling the drawstring, get a feel for it, but otherwise let's stick to that dagger of truth.
>>586973
...I'm pretty sure there are multiple holy relics, but he is right that we don't really remember much of anything beforehand. Either all of us relics enjoy playing matchmaker, or we really are the same "source" as his old relic. What was it, by the way?
Honestly, I think his old adventuring set is the best idea. Bow and dagger included. What does the ring of moonlight do, anyways? Let you see in the dark? Turn you or itself into a lightsource in moonlight? Turn you into a werewolf? Seriously, that name is vague. Let's not take any of the shop merchandise, except the dagger of truth if it's part of what he was planning on selling.

Yeah, hey, Cala! We're planning on seeing if we--as a gauntlet--can trick the Dragon Fang bow into thinking you're an Elf. Or maybe it's just made to not work for other species, and since we're not "other species" it'll work anyways. We'll have Milo practice pulling the drawstring during breaks, regardless, though, so he can use it if necessary. Necessary being either if we can't help you use it or you just happen to be in a situation where you can't use a ranged weapon anyways. His father's way overbearing, by the way. Surprised that didn't directly come up. Say, does your family have any history of joining in on this challenge like his does? Or are you the first of your bloodline to do so? I mean, pretty sure you're the first of your bloodline to be the party leader anyways, but assistance counts for something.
>>
No. 587031 ID: e5e5e0
File 140678285575.png - (14.85KB , 800x600 , 74.png )
587031

>Hail, how fares thy noble quest!

So far so good! I should be home soon..ish.

>Ayep! Milo's dad gave him a bow. Bow of the Dragon's Fang. He says only an elf can wield it, but Milo doesn't think he can use it. Maybe you can use it anyway?

I'm not sure. I'll sure try though. You know they say Faudner got that during their great battle with a dragon outside the Imperial Capital? It's supposed to be super powerful.

>Yeah, hey, Cala! We're planning on seeing if we--as a gauntlet--can trick the Dragon Fang bow into thinking you're an Elf. Or maybe it's just made to not work for other species, and since we're not "other species" it'll work anyways.

That sure would be a convenient ability! If it's just an enchantment, I bet a Holy Relic could do SOMETHING! Cool!

>We'll have Milo practice pulling the drawstring during breaks, regardless, though, so he can use it if necessary. Necessary being either if we can't help you use it or you just happen to be in a situation where you can't use a ranged weapon anyways.

He should learn how to use a weapon anyway! He always refuses to try archery with me for whatever stupid reason. It's so frustrating.

>His father's way overbearing, by the way. Surprised that didn't directly come up.

I never heard of anything like that. I mean I knew his dad was a part of the chosen one's party like, 20 years ago, but Milo never mentions him being overbearing.

>Say, does your family have any history of joining in on this challenge like his does? Or are you the first of your bloodline to do so? I mean, pretty sure you're the first of your bloodline to be the party leader anyways, but assistance counts for something.

No! My family only moved to this area in my grandfather's days. Before that we lived out east, where the catfolk are native from. I always thought you had to be a noble to even be in the lottery, but I guess I'm an exception for whatever reason.
>>
No. 587032 ID: e5e5e0
File 140678290611.png - (14.79KB , 800x600 , 75.png )
587032

>So, got any family?

Hm? Oh. No, I'm afraid I don't. My mother died when I was very young. And my father died recently, of disease.. I.. All I have left of them is the things they left me, like my home, and my bow..

>thank a 'mizus' for giving him the bow, guide you guys to victory, and get Milo a girlfriend.

Mizus? Never heard of him. I hope you guys get Milo a girlfriend too! Gods know he hasn't had one growing up..

>Is it true we're the same holy artifact, given amnesia and a new form?

Supposedly. I think the memories come back after awhile though. I hear the forms you've taken before simply lose your voices at the end of their owner's quests. So you're sort of, reborn, I guess.
>>
No. 587034 ID: e5e5e0
File 140678292664.png - (9.03KB , 800x600 , 76.png )
587034

Ahhh...

>Milo just take everything seeing as it's all just a spare change of clothes, some actual useful rings, and a bow... and some arrows. If nothing else Cala can help you practice with it if you guys ever get some free time.

What!? You guys are- Damn gem! Yes, fine I'll bring it all! An- Wait, practice? Oh no no. You don't understand. You don't just 'practice' and be able to use that bow. The string IMPOSSIBLE to pull back, like.. I don't know how my dad does it.

>buck up boy! You're from your father's stock, and I'll betcha he wasn't much better off himself when he started, for all the muscles and bravado he carries now!
>But seriously, you'd be surprised at what you're capable of.

I.. I wonder if you're right. He never really talks about BEFORE he went adventuring. Huh.

>...I'm pretty sure there are multiple holy relics, but he is right that we don't really remember much of anything beforehand. Either all of us relics enjoy playing matchmaker, or we really are the same "source" as his old relic. What was it, by the way?

No matter how many times I asked, back when I was interested in the stuff.. He never once told me. He always just sort of implied it was awful. I think he might have been scared of your last form, honestly. You'd have to ask him yourself.

>What does the ring of moonlight do, anyways? Let you see in the dark? Turn you or itself into a lightsource in moonlight? Turn you into a werewolf? Seriously, that name is vague. Let's not take any of the shop merchandise, except the dagger of truth if it's part of what he was planning on selling.

It's all stuff he used to take adventuring, including the dagger of truth. Never really talked about the dagger though. Must not have used it much. And the Ring of Moonlight? It's nothing too advanced. Just a fancy name for a ring of light, really. It simply provides dim light source. Pretty useful if you don't have a torch.... my dad says.

>Milo, tell your dad we said 'sir yes sir', then grab the stuff.

...Fiiine.. I'm getting out of the bath now. Don't look. Don't call me, I'll call you!
>>
No. 587035 ID: e5e5e0
File 140678293867.png - (24.01KB , 800x600 , 77.png )
587035

I.. But..
Dad.. Mom.. How could this happen..?
>>
No. 587036 ID: e5e5e0
File 140678294859.png - (24.05KB , 800x600 , 78.png )
587036

Why?
>>
No. 587040 ID: 9ddf68

...
...
...
AND IT'S SHIT LIKE THIS IS WHY WE PICK PEOPLE LIKE YOU. BECAUSE OUT A GROUP OF ASSHOLES YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE YOU HAD A FUCKING HEART, I WAS HOPING THAT PEOPLE WOULDN'T BE AS BIG OF PRICKS FOR NOT GETTING THERE EGOS STROKED BY US BUT NOOOOO... god damnit, sorry kid really didn't think these sort of shit would happen, at least not this soon... is there a shed or anything around here that you might be able to salvage something from... god damn pig blooded assholes

Milo would it be a bother if Cala spent a night or two at your place... some assholes who where sore about losing the lottery burned down Cala's house... god damnit
>>
No. 587041 ID: f839a9

>What!? You guys are- Damn gem!
You didn't have to take the gem to the tub, you know.

>>587036
Uh... looks like some people were upset the non-noble non-male non-human ended up chosen and resorted to vandalism and arson.

...I know words aren't much comfort, but I'm sorry.
>>
No. 587042 ID: 27ba4a

OH HEADS ARE GONNA FUCKING ROLL!!
>>
No. 587046 ID: 2fd516

>>587040
JEEZ calm down.

>>587036
Looks like at least one person thinks you aren't supposed to have that ticket. Those are three reasons you could have gotten it unfairly. I predict we will encounter the person who did this on our travels. We will have our vengeance.

It looks like there's too much fire to do anything about this on your own. If there's anyone nearby, run to get help. If we can get this fire put out quickly enough you might be able to salvage something from the house.

@Milo: Emergency! Cala's house is on fire.
>>
No. 587063 ID: 53ba34

when you come back victorious they are gonna be so screwed.
>>
No. 587078 ID: d8a627

>>587036
Well! I knew this would happen, but I'm surprised it happened so soon and to this extreme.
>>
No. 587128 ID: 37aa84

>>587036
Get to Milo's quickly, avoid any paths that get lots of traffic. We absolutely got to get you two out of town fast because someone decides that destroying everything you've ever owned isn't enough and come after your life too. We have to get back to Milo for now and warn him in case one of these chuckle heads finds out he's going with you and decide his home deserves the same.
>>
No. 587129 ID: 343a61

I think I personally agree with our enraged brethren.
These foul Brigands and good-for-nothing men I doubt will stop here, and I fear they may attempt to hunt you down. If so... Then I suppose we might need to request the aid of Milo's Father, at least in the short term, as far as defending our next encampment.
>>
No. 587130 ID: 705162

You could probably track them down, but I doubt it would be of much use. Does the down have any firefighters or mages who could help?

>>587063
Chances are they will still wind a way to be mad. Few things are more stubborn than ignorant hate.
>>
No. 587152 ID: 53ba34

>>587130
oh no, i don't mean they will feel sorry about it, i mean cala will be a huge badass.
>>
No. 587154 ID: e5e5e0
File 140682737046.png - (23.88KB , 800x600 , 79.png )
587154

>>587040

What? N..No. I.. Everything was inside. My bow.. my map.. Everything..

>OH HEADS ARE GONNA FUCKING ROLL!!

M..My mom and dad.. the only things I had to remember.. I..

>Looks like at least one person thinks you aren't supposed to have that ticket. Those are three reasons you could have gotten it unfairly. I predict we will encounter the person who did this on our travels. We will have our vengeance.

But.. I didn't! He..! He gave it to me..

>It looks like there's too much fire to do anything about this on your own. If there's anyone nearby, run to get help. If we can get this fire put out quickly enough you might be able to salvage something from the house.

>Does the down have any firefighters or mages who could help?

I.. I live too far from the city.. Nobody can help.. I..

>Well! I knew this would happen, but I'm surprised it happened so soon and to this extreme.

...Damn! "Shit!" Gotta be strong.. I.. No, Cala.. Don't do it..
>>
No. 587155 ID: e5e5e0
File 140682738417.png - (9.51KB , 800x600 , 80.png )
587155

>when you come back victorious they are gonna be so screwed.
>>
No. 587156 ID: e5e5e0
File 140682740686.png - (11.24KB , 800x600 , 81.png )
587156

Da da, doo doo, doo dah! Daa, da, doo doo doo, dah! I wonder if that dude would have anything good for... adventuring.. guh, I feel so stupid..
>>
No. 587157 ID: e5e5e0
File 140682742223.png - (11.24KB , 800x600 , 82.png )
587157

>Emergency! Cala's house is on fire.

"What? I.. What?"
>>
No. 587158 ID: e5e5e0
File 140682743512.png - (9.10KB , 800x600 , 83.png )
587158

>Milo would it be a bother if Cala spent a night or two at your place... some assholes who where sore about losing the lottery burned down Cala's house... god damnit

"WHAT?!" I- I'M ON MY WAY! WHAT THE HELL!
>>
No. 587159 ID: e5e5e0
File 140682744953.png - (13.28KB , 800x600 , 84.png )
587159

S..Stupid.. Crybaby..
>>
No. 587162 ID: c02e1e

Nothing wrong with crying a bit when some assholes burn your house down. You do have someone behind you in the woods though so might want to see who it is.

Ultimately the best revenge for this sort of thing is successfully completing your quest and proving them wrong. And then murdering them all horribly once you are the hero of the day. If you are so inclined at that point.
>>
No. 587163 ID: 37aa84

Mysterious stranger at 5 o'clock.
>>
No. 587165 ID: 2fd516

>>587159
It's the blue-caped knight. Go yell at him, he was at the bar. Ask him why he's following you. Hey, he may have seen who did this. If he knows, we can have justice.
>>
No. 587166 ID: f839a9

>S..Stupid.. Crybaby..
You lost almost everything you had left to care about. I don't think tears are anything to be ashamed of, at his point.
>>
No. 587170 ID: 40935b

Did Pirus Clindus wear full platemail and a blue cloak?
>>
No. 587181 ID: 9ddf68

>S..Stupid.. Crybaby..

kid, you just lost everything you hold close to your heart, I'd be more worried if you didn't break down in tears.

Also that guy with the blue cape from the bar is behind the trees, Watch your back because I don't trust him.
>>
No. 587185 ID: d8a627

>>587165
Wait a minute... Wasn't Pirus a caped knight? Is he still alive?! But then, this cloaked figure has been vanishing from us, he might even be a ghost.
I'm so confused right now, we don't even know if the Cloaked figure isn't the one who burned your house down. Cala, listen, this may be little more than a security blanket at this point, but put the gauntlet on. If there's anything we can do, other than having a creepy eye and rolling out colored gems, it probably requires us to be worn.
>>587170
...Come to think of it, if he is still alive, would he try and reclaim his place? That does not sound like something he would do, after how easily he handed over the ticket. If this does seem to be him, but he asks for the gauntlet... Then he is either testing your resolve or is a fake.
>>
No. 587204 ID: 27ba4a

Why the hell can't we have some kind of elemental magic or something? if not we better have a soul sucking ability to make the assholes pay! we need to find out what we can do.
>>
No. 587205 ID: 40935b

Is there anything you can save, or has the fire spread too far?
>>
No. 587227 ID: e5e5e0
File 140685257469.png - (12.36KB , 800x600 , 85.png )
587227

>Mysterious stranger at 5 o'clock.

>You do have someone behind you in the woods though so might want to see who it is.

>It's the blue-caped knight. Go yell at him, he was at the bar. Ask him why he's following you.

>Also that guy with the blue cape from the bar is behind the trees, Watch your back because I don't trust him.

What??
>>
No. 587228 ID: e5e5e0
File 140685259132.png - (12.41KB , 800x600 , 86.png )
587228

"Y-YOU! DID YOU D-DO THIS?! WHY WOULD YOU D-DO THIS?!" I try my best to stay my quaking voice. I fail. I quickly lose my cool. The figure simply stands there, looking on in silence. But not for long!
>>
No. 587229 ID: e5e5e0
File 140685260843.png - (170.88KB , 800x600 , 87.png )
587229

>Cala, listen, this may be little more than a security blanket at this point, but put the gauntlet on. If there's anything we can do, other than having a creepy eye and rolling out colored gems, it probably requires us to be worn.

>Why the hell can't we have some kind of elemental magic or something? if not we better have a soul sucking ability to make the assholes pay! we need to find out what we can do.

I quickly dig into my bag, pulling you on, I feel a surge of energy! A surge of power! I can take him!!

"YOU BASTARD!" I charge him, confident!
>>
No. 587230 ID: e5e5e0
File 140685262234.png - (8.89KB , 800x600 , 88.png )
587230

Cala - "Wha-"
>>
No. 587231 ID: e5e5e0
File 140685263348.png - (2.71KB , 800x600 , 89.png )
587231

*SLAM*
>>
No. 587232 ID: e5e5e0
File 140685264740.png - (64.53KB , 800x600 , 90.png )
587232

??? - "...la.. Hey.."
>>
No. 587233 ID: e5e5e0
File 140685266087.png - (7.42KB , 800x600 , 91.png )
587233

Milo - "Cala! Hey, Cala! Come on! Wake up!"

Ugh..
>>
No. 587234 ID: e5e5e0
File 140685268173.png - (16.51KB , 800x600 , 92.png )
587234

Cala - "My head hurts..."

Milo's Dad - "Not surprised. Seeing as you ran full speed into a tree.."

Milo - "Not now, dad! Cala, I talked to my dad about it and he said you can stay at our house for awhile. At least until your head heals!"

Milo's Dad - "At least 'til you feel better, kid."

Cala - "Wha.. But.. No, the quest!"

Milo - "It's fine, Cala. It can wait. I was wondering, if you feel up to it.. You still wanna go to the bazaar? It could be fun!"

Cala - I.. There was a man there.. The blue caped man. He hit me. Knocked me out.. I can't wait to rest in town.. We'll fall behind the other chosen ones! I... The bazaar? I don't know what to do.. Who was that man..

>Did Pirus Clindus wear full platemail and a blue cloak?

>...Come to think of it, if he is still alive, would he try and reclaim his place? That does not sound like something he would do, after how easily he handed over the ticket. If this does seem to be him, but he asks for the gauntlet... Then he is either testing your resolve or is a fake.

Cala - !!! He did! And those eyes...! But that's impossible! I saw him die!

>he might even be a ghost.

Cala - ...That's....
>>
No. 587237 ID: 878b6f

I WANNA RECRUIT THE GHOST! do u think we can do that
>>
No. 587242 ID: d8a627

Cala, Milo, I believe we're working against a chosen who's artifact casts illusions. There's no way what we saw was true-that could not have been Pirus.

For now, if you ever see Pirus again, give him the stink-eye, but otherwise ignore him.
>>
No. 587244 ID: 878b6f

>>587242
I don't think that's the case a) aren't all chosens really far away, b) they're nobles, would they bother? Especially to stalk the ONE person with LEAST odds?
Anyway, if you see knightdude, ask him shit!
>>
No. 587246 ID: 2fd516

>>587234
Yep. The ghost of Pirus is following us. Interesting. Well, that, or he faked his death.

You're right, we can't take time to rest in town. Get to the bazaar. Also, try to draw that bow with the gauntlet equipped.
>>
No. 587248 ID: f9e561

Hrrm.
Okay, so that's something to practice with...I wonder if that has to do with the removable gems?
Like if we have em all in we give more power/powers to our wielder...
We can communicate through them, at least, but maybe there's other...
Wait a second, we're overlooking something. Faudner, as far as you know, do the Holy Relics have any simmilar powers or do they vary each and every time?
>>
No. 587250 ID: 37aa84

Well all we know for sure is he has the same armor and similar eyes, could be a ghost, could be a relative of his, could be a third thing I'm not even thinking of. Either way we will need to be cautious until we know his motive for being there. Anyway some rest is definitely called for but we probably shouldn't stay in town too long if there's someone around upset enough to just set your house on fire, if you wait around too long whoever did it may convince others your a lost cause and go after you as an example.
>>
No. 587252 ID: ef7fd2

Yo, got a favicon up for you in the favicon /dis/ thread! Two, even! Go pick which one you want put up!
http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/66907.html#84357[/spoiler]
>>
No. 587275 ID: 9ddf68

so ghost are now in play... greeeaaat. (Sigh) how much money do you have now? If you do decide to go to the bazaar you might be able to get a few things for your trip since... well if not you could pick them up hear as well.
>>
No. 587292 ID: e5e5e0
File 140686658775.png - (16.96KB , 800x600 , 93.png )
587292

>I WANNA RECRUIT THE GHOST! do u think we can do that

What? N-No! I mean.. I don't even know how we'd go about doing that.. And he might not be a ghost!... I hope.

>Yep. The ghost of Pirus is following us. Interesting.

Uugh! First day of questing and I'm already haunted?!

>Cala, Milo, I believe we're working against a chosen who's artifact casts illusions. There's no way what we saw was true-that could not have been Pirus.

Milo - "You guys saw Pirus? As in, dead Pirus? As in the guy that gave you the ticket?"

Cala - "Yes.. Or at least I think it was him but.. The relic has a point!"

>For now, if you ever see Pirus again, give him the stink-eye, but otherwise ignore him.

Cala - "That seems like a nice, ghost-free plan!"

>>587250

Cala - "Good point.."

>Faudner, as far as you know, do the Holy Relics have any simmilar powers or do they vary each and every time?

Faudner - "Well, I know that there can be some reoccurring themes. Such as elemental and other magics.."

Milo - "Really? What did yours do?"

Faudner - "Oh? O-Ours? It uh.. It could.. Shapeshift, and uh.. trick people.. it liked to play tricks on people a lot.. Anyway uh.. How 'bout that bazaar, guys?"

>You're right, we can't take time to rest in town. Get to the bazaar.

Milo - "But-"
>>
No. 587293 ID: e5e5e0
File 140686660353.png - (18.04KB , 800x600 , 94.png )
587293

Faudner - "No buts! Here, take 100 gold pieces to give you a little boost! Buy yourselves something nice!"

Milo - "But what about your-"
>>
No. 587294 ID: e5e5e0
File 140686661557.png - (13.06KB , 800x600 , 95.png )
587294

*SLAM*

Faudner - "SORRY, MILO! CAN'T HEAR YOU, I'M IN THE OTHER ROOM!"

....

Cala - "Your dad is weird."
>>
No. 587295 ID: e5e5e0
File 140686663150.png - (14.94KB , 800x600 , 96.png )
587295

>Also, try to draw that bow with the gauntlet equipped.

Cala - "Ah, Milo? Do you have that bow? The Dragon's Fang."

Milo - "Oh, yeah. Here."

Cala gained Dragon's Fang!

Cala - "Thanks. We can practice with it sometime later."

Milo - "So where do you wanna go first? We have 255 gold, counting my own, and the money from my father. The bazaar is one of the largest markets in the empire, so there should be almost anything."

Cala - "I was thinking we could ask the Relic. I mean it's here for a reason, right? I'm sure it'd know best."

Milo - "Great idea! So um, Holy Relic. Is there anything in particular we should search for here? The bazaar should have anything you could think of."
>>
No. 587302 ID: 9ddf68

map, defiantly a map. Other then that, if we're going to be traveling a lot camping gear and food that will last a long time, maybe some rope as rope is almost always useful, and maybe some weapons for the two of you to use incase things get bad, and for Cala I mean a backup weapon, you won't always have the luxury to shoot someone in the face with a bow if they can get close enough. As for Milo just get something and practice with it, I'm not asking you to become a fighter I'm just asking you learn to protect yourself just incase bad things go down and no one is around to help out.
>>
No. 587303 ID: 2fd516

>>587295
Shapeshifting huh? I wonder if he meant the relic could change form, or if it could change the form of the wearer. If it was really us, then... I know why he's nervous about talking about it. Heh.

Cala needs to find replacements for the gear she was gonna get from the house. For instance, arrows, I assume. Unless that magic bow makes its own? You'll also want food and water for the road, maybe some rope (we always get rope), camping supplies, a map, maybe some half-decent armor and melee weapons... Oh, what sort of magic gear can you buy here? Healing potions, maybe? More magic rings? Wands? Boots of speed?
>>
No. 587304 ID: a36601

>>587295
Let's see.
-arrows
-healing items(potions or bandages)
-map of the local area, map of the kingdom
-some form of armor for you and your friend
-standard adventurers kit(torches, bedrolls, rations, flask/waterskin, small cooking knife)
-tales of dangerous/wondrous places to go and explore (the bazaar has a lot of people from far and wide coming to watch the lottery drawing, right? Some of them have to have good stories)
-A badass cloak? Something to make you feel like an adventurer and make your frame/profile wider/more imposing.

keep your old clothes as back-ups in case the new one get ruined.
>>
No. 587313 ID: 53ba34

also be sure to get milo's opinion on prices before making any purchases so no one can jack up the price.
>>
No. 587314 ID: 24dc7a

Either check the bow before you finish shopping or buy a backup bow; it would be great if we can use it but we don't want it to be our only bow if we can't.
>>
No. 587315 ID: ef7fd2

>>587304
>forgetting to list rope
What are you, crazy AND dumb?
ALWAYS get rope.
>>
No. 587320 ID: a36601

>>587315
oh god no. I also forgot a flint and steel!
>>
No. 587330 ID: d8a627

>It uh.. It could.. Shapeshift, and uh.. trick people.. it liked to play tricks on people a lot..
Are you kidding me?! I mean I practically just guessed that out of nowhere only I was thinking a this-round and forgot about older incarnations that would still exist.
>>587304
Shortbow, Hunting Knife, Arrows, Lantern or torch, Fire starter (Flint 'n steel), Rope, edibles and water, map, paper and writables. There are a lot of items that are a good idea to get for now. With the set of items Faudner gave Milo, we can skip out on the lantern or torch, but we should certainly go for at least a hunting knife and starter consumables.
>>
No. 587333 ID: 878b6f

MILO SHOULD BE THE ONE BARTERING!
Now that I'm done with that, leave some gold for your travels!
>>
No. 587336 ID: e5e5e0
File 140690008439.png - (16.33KB , 800x600 , 97.png )
587336

Got it! We should be able to JUST afford that! Especially with Milo's Bartering skills! We set out, to find the best merchants. Some of whom, Milo knows and chats with.
>>
No. 587337 ID: e5e5e0
File 140690010055.png - (14.46KB , 800x600 , 98.png )
587337

We're down to our last purchase, and our last 5 pieces. So far we've bought, 2 bedrolls, a nice supply of dried meat for the road, a hunting knife, waterskins, some rope, (you guys seemed to think this was pretty important) 20 arrows, paper and writables, 3 potions of health recovery, a dagger for myself, 9 torches, a flint and steel, and a leather vest! Milo says he's fine wearing his father's vest for now. We couldn't decide who would wear which ring, or the hood. Thought we'd leave it up to you. All that's left to get is a map, which I'm purchasing now!

>leave some gold for your travels!

Oop! Too late! Sorry!
>>
No. 587338 ID: e5e5e0
File 140690014305.png - (7.00KB , 800x600 , 99.png )
587338

Cala - "Huh? That's strange.."

Merchant - "Something wrong, miss?"

Cala - "Oh it's nothing I just.. Apparently we already have a map, thank you though!"

Merchant - "Oh? No problem at all miss! Have a nice day!"

Cala - "Milo, did your father give us a map?"

Milo - "What? No. Wh- Oh! Is that yours? I thought it burned up in the fire."

Cala - "It did. I've never seen this one before."

Milo - "Huh. Maybe my dad stuffed it in your bag. It's a shame it doesn't show the whole kingdom.."
>>
No. 587339 ID: e5e5e0
File 140690015768.png - (10.41KB , 800x600 , 100.png )
587339

*VWOOM*

Cala -"WOAH!"

Milo - "What?! Cala that's enchanted! Amazing! I'll have to remember to thank my dad for this! I wonder why he didn't mention it.."

Cala - "No clue! Sure is going to come in handy though! Milo, go ask around for rumors of treasure! I'll do the same and we'll meet at the town gate!"

Milo - "Sure!"
>>
No. 587340 ID: e5e5e0
File 140690017988.png - (125.71KB , 800x500 , 101.png )
587340

1- A Dwarven Merchant told me that there is a goblin infested cave on the gold road. He said they had been stealing treasures from merchants.
2- An Elven Merchant told me that there is a group of bandits whom recently raided a town, supposedly stealing a valuable treasure. They're supposed to have been weakened by casualties in the raid.
3- A strange mute man and a little girl told me that there is a troll in a small fort to the east, but they said that they're going there too. Supposedly the troll has some cool treasure it's guarding.
4- A chubby fellow told me that there is a skeleton infested fort north of here. He said his old adventuring party went there a long time ago but ended up leaving treasure behind.
5- A kind oldman told me of a small cave that he said used to be a alter to a god, but was abandoned. He said it would probably be unguarded, but to be sure to thank the god for whatever we took.
6- A long haired barbarian looking fellow told me of a tower that supposedly appeared overnight. It's said to be the work of Korguma, the god of dungeons. There's apparently a great treasure at the top of each tower, and this one looked pretty small!

That's the stuff that's close to me anyway. Since these people were from all over the place, I got some pretty far out there stuff too.

A man from the kingdom of Sorvenni informed me that there was a massive spire that reached the heavens. It's said to be guarded by golems, and supposedly holds a great treasure from the gods.
A merchant from the kingdom of Eyara informed me that in his homeland, there is an abandoned castle bordering the ocean. It was said to have been abandoned long ago, when the creature the owners created went mad and slaughtered the inhabitants, and now it guards the ocean along with other creatures, keeping them from making use of boats and sea trade.
There is supposed to be a tournament being held in the kingdom of Torland specifically for this event, the prize? A sword that is terrifyingly devestating against dragons. The Emperor is said to be increadibly fond of things that can slay dragons. Probably related to the dragon attack on the city 20 years ago.

Those are just a few of the rumors I gathered. I'm sure there would be others in different places.
>>
No. 587342 ID: d0864b

Is there any reason we couldn't join up with the strange mute man and the little girl? If they think they can take a troll, they must be pretty formidable. Maybe they can be persuaded to follow you on your quest? There's still quite a few gems in the gauntlet.
>>
No. 587343 ID: 37aa84

Let's hope it was Milo's dad otherwise we have maybe a ghost Pirus to thank for the map. Let's go with the god altar one nearby, if we scope it out and it turns out too dangerous we can switch to the goblin cave that isn't too far from there instead.
>>
No. 587344 ID: 705162

Goblins: Maybe; low risk low reward.
Bandits: Seems promising; medium risk medium reward
Troll: No; competition for the treasure seems more trouble than its worth
Skeletons: No; the other adventurers probably got the best stuff, and skeletons are hard to shoot
Altar: Probably not; messing with altars of unknown deities tends to be a bad idea
Tower: Seems promising; medium risk medium reward

I think we should start with bandits or tower, leaning a bit more towards the bandits since doing away with them is a public benefit as well as profitable for us.
Check when the tournament is; we might want to consider heading over there eventually.

>I wonder why he didn't mention it.
Maybe its a gift from Prius?
>>
No. 587347 ID: f839a9

...you know, I kind of wished you tested if you could use the bow before we went shopping. If you can't use it, we can't afford to buy a regular one.

You should definitely test if you can use it before we accept a combat mission, though.

>>587344
These assessments of our options seem about right.

>map
Could it be part of our powers, maybe? Might explain why it appeared from nowhere.
>>
No. 587354 ID: 705162

>>587342
Actually that is a good point about joining up. If they aren't tournament competitors then making a deal where they join our group in future adventures in return for help or the best loot from the troll would be a good investment.
>>
No. 587355 ID: 40935b

That decision also depends on your ability or willingness to kill your fellow man. Is there a word for all sentient races and not just humankind? Because I feel like 'mankind' isn't general enough.

Anyway you'll need to hurt people to get at the goblin or bandit treasure, and unless one of you can use that bow, you're looking a bit under-armed. The cave to the unknown god is close, and as long as nobody steals anything, we should be able to get our hands on some new hardware. Then we can go after the goblins.
>>
No. 587365 ID: d8a627

>a hunting knife
>a dagger
That dagger better be longer than the knife, or have some fancy trick to it! Normally a hunting knife can act perfectly as a dagger anyways.
...I suppose there are merits to having a shorter blade, though. Easier to conceal, for example.
>*VWOOM*
Wheee! Zoom on in and right on out, the magical map will ensure you're never lost, be it in the big picture or the small~
You can thank our ghostly friend for that, I think! They haven't been causing any actual harm anyways, just being a creep. We don't know for sure that he was responsible, so I'd say just devolve the stinkeye to a suspicious, not-sure-what-to-think glare.
>He said it would probably be unguarded, but to be sure to thank the god for whatever we took.
Might be a good idea to pray before taking anything. Do some sorting around, a bit of Feng Shui, and try to leave the place neat looking.
>Korguma, the god of dungeons
Ah, so a dungeon master is still about, that's good. Unfortunately, I think you should wait on taking on Korguma's dungeons, at least until you finish a couple of quests/journeys.
>a massive spire that reached the heavens
Ooh, I wonder if that's Korguma's personal home. I bet he would love to see an adventurous party make it through that tower. However, we'll need even more experience before taking that one on.
>when the creature the owners created went mad and slaughtered the inhabitants
This sounds like one of those "You can also try and befriend them to solve the problem!" quests. Less treasure if you manage to do so, but reputation can be helpful to learn about the locations of treasures!
>tournament being held in the kingdom of Torland
I'm hoping you have time to get some questing in before the tournament starts! It would be great to attend it, but not without experience.
>>
No. 587369 ID: e5e5e0
File 140691355580.png - (110.00KB , 800x600 , 102.png )
587369

It's a tough descision, but we decide to go to the alter first, and then the goblin cave, since they're conveniently close together. We can decide other things from there. On the way out of town, I inquire about the date of the tournement. I'm informed it will be in two weeks time, so we've got plenty of time to spare!

>...you know, I kind of wished you tested if you could use the bow before we went shopping. If you can't use it, we can't afford to buy a regular one.

Oops! Sorry! But, for what's it's worth, I can't use it.. yet. I mean it's just.. the string is like, steel. Like I can't imagine it being movable at all. Milo says his dad can do it like it's nothing though. He must be really strong or something.

>Maybe its a gift from Prius?

..Don't say that! That's.. creepy!

>Could it be part of our powers, maybe? Might explain why it appeared from nowhere.

Yeah! I'm sure that's the explanation! It's one of your powers! Not a.. ghost map. Jeez..

>We don't know for sure that he was responsible, so I'd say just devolve the stinkeye to a suspicious, not-sure-what-to-think glare.

...Noted.

>That decision also depends on your ability or willingness to kill your fellow man.

Well.. I've never really thought about it.. But killing goblins won't be like that. They're just monsters. They eat babies you know.

>That dagger better be longer than the knife, or have some fancy trick to it! Normally a hunting knife can act perfectly as a dagger anyways.

Well the knife is for cutting, it's specially made for preparing meat. The dagger is better to stab with. To kill with. Hunting knife wouldn't be much good for that.
>>
No. 587370 ID: e5e5e0
File 140691357545.png - (18.34KB , 800x600 , 103.png )
587370

We've been walking for some time now, and still haven't seen the alter. I think that old man might have been a bit..

Cala - "What's that!? Milo, stay quiet!"

Milo - "..Cala?"

Cala - "Someone's there..!"
>>
No. 587371 ID: e5e5e0
File 140691358971.png - (8.25KB , 800x600 , 104.png )
587371

??? - "Impressive! You actually managed to spot me!"
>>
No. 587372 ID: e5e5e0
File 140691360309.png - (8.59KB , 800x600 , 105.png )
587372

Cala - "Who are you?? What do you want!"

??? - "It does not matter who I am. The information would be wasted on you. But I know you, Cala. I do not know your friend. What I want, concerns you greatly. I am here, in simple words.."
>>
No. 587373 ID: e5e5e0
File 140691361896.png - (12.24KB , 800x600 , 106.png )
587373

??? - "To kill you. To be honest when I was given this job I was expecting a far more difficult time. Usually killing a noble can be hard work. Lucky for me, I merely have to kill some foolish little girl. I wonder what that old man told you to get you to come out here. No matter, I suppose. Time to die."

Damn! An assassin? What the hell! Okay, okay we can take this guy! He seems to be waiting for us to make the first move.. Milo's ready.. I think. He's shaking a bit.. I am too, but whatever! I have my bow out already, but I don't know how skilled this guy is, or what he's gonna fight like! Doesn't matter! We can take him..! Probably!
>>
No. 587374 ID: 2fd516

>>587373
He's using a rapier? Well, your leather vest isn't gonna help, but here's an interesting fact about rapiers: it's pretty safe to just swat one away with your bare hand. The edge of a rapier does not have much cutting power- the point is what kills.

If you can get inside his reach, a dagger strike will end him. Feel free to let loose a shot with the bow, though. Wait, where'd you get that bow? The shopping list didn't include it.
>>
No. 587376 ID: 40935b

Someone wants the competition out of the picture.

Whoever isn't using the bow should put on that ring of health. Try to flank him, and stay out of melee range if possible.
>>
No. 587377 ID: e5e5e0

>>587374

Magic! But no. Fuckin' dammit. I retyped it so many times I forgot to include the bow. Yeah a bow was also bought I'm just.. I'm a stupid.
>>
No. 587378 ID: d8a627

A Dark Elf Fencer? Hm. Racial standards state that a Drow can learn magic far easier than most others, though it certainly isn't unheard of for there to be exceptions to the standards. Be careful, though, he might be a spellsword, or green mage, or whatever they're called here.
>>
No. 587379 ID: d8a627

>>587377
>>587374
Even if he is not a spell-caster, his blade can still be cursed/enchanted to be harmful to the touch. Besides, getting whipped with that thing leaves a nasty welt.
>>
No. 587380 ID: 705162

I suspected that altar was bad news, though it turns out it was bad for entirely different reasons.
On the positive side he doesn't seem like a very professional assassin, with telling us info about his employer and all.

>>587374
This seems like good advice.
>>
No. 587381 ID: f839a9

>But killing goblins won't be like that. They're just monsters. They eat babies you know.
Obvious question. Is that just racism talking, or do you know that that's actually true? It's pretty easy to demonize others if they're small and ugly and living on the outskirts of civilization.

I mean, I'm not saying it can't be true. Just that people can be jerks to those who are different (as you well know), and sometimes that's more common than actual monsters.

>We can take him..! Probably!
He's close enough you're going to be hard pressed to draw, aim and fire before he closes. Although if you can get a shot off, that might end it. If you have to, and he closes you can use your bow's added reach to swat the rapier away, or even to twist and tangle, maybe. If you're really lucky, you might even be able to disarm him.

Milo's... tricky. No offense, but he's not a trained fighter. And while another body on your side is an advantage, he's vulnerable. The killer could exploit that.

>>587374
This pretty much sums up the pros and cons of the weapon you're up against. Also worth mentioning: you can only see one of his hands. There's no telling what's in the other. Could be another weapon, could be preparing some kind of spell.

>>587377
Oh, we actually have a bow we can use. I assumed all we had was the unusable dragon's fang. That improves our odds.
>>
No. 587383 ID: 9ddf68

Milo move to flank, and by that I mean see if you can't get behind the guy find a rock and throw it at him (preferably aim for his head), in fact find lots of rocks if you can. Your job isn't to take this guy down, it's to distract him so Cala can take him down while actually not getting withing stabbing distance of puffy sleeves here.
>>
No. 587388 ID: 88960e

Obvious question: so how much am I worth, then?

One advantage, you guys can communicate without him hearing if you use us to relay messages. Private, secure coms.
>>
No. 587399 ID: e5e5e0
File 140692854709.png - (13.50KB , 800x600 , 107.png )
587399

>He's using a rapier? Well, your leather vest isn't gonna help, but here's an interesting fact about rapiers: it's pretty safe to just swat one away with your bare hand. The edge of a rapier does not have much cutting power- the point is what kills.

Good advice!

>Whoever isn't using the bow should put on that ring of health. Try to flank him, and stay out of melee range if possible.

I can almost hear Milo's internal anguish at the news he has to get close to the enemy.

Milo - Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck! Why do I have to not have the bow? Dammit!

> Be careful, though, he might be a spellsword, or green mage, or whatever they're called here.

Spellsword works. And you're right. He might just be!

>Is that just racism talking, or do you know that that's actually true? It's pretty easy to demonize others if they're small and ugly and living on the outskirts of civilization.

IS THIS REALLY THE TIME FOR THIS. I'VE NEVER MET ONE! WHO KNOWS.

Alright so.. The plan is for me to try to fire while Milo goes for the flank.. Milo nods slightly to confirm this. He begins to move to the left of the opponent, very slowly.
>>
No. 587400 ID: e5e5e0
File 140692856832.png - (15.62KB , 800x600 , 108.png )
587400

He turns his attention to Milo and I quickly knock and fire an arrow!
>>
No. 587401 ID: e5e5e0
File 140692859208.png - (15.61KB , 800x600 , 109.png )
587401

...I miss. I'm just shaking so badly.

He thrusts for Milo, who raises his dagger to parry!

..And fails, stabbed in the chest. Milo falls to his back with a loud pained grunt, and says things through gritted teeth. Alive, but in pain.
>>
No. 587402 ID: e5e5e0
File 140692860690.png - (12.56KB , 800x600 , 110.png )
587402

He turns his attention to me as I knock another arrow. He smiles.
>>
No. 587403 ID: e5e5e0
File 140692862106.png - (12.86KB , 800x600 , 111.png )
587403

But quickly stops.

He falls to the ground with a thump, not moving.
>>
No. 587404 ID: e5e5e0
File 140692863766.png - (9.30KB , 800x600 , 112.png )
587404

I tremble as I rush to Miloed.

Milo - "...Knew.. This would happen... Damn.. Dragging.. you.."

Cala - "It's okay M-M-Milo! T-Take this potion! You're wh-wheezing a lot!!"
>>
No. 587405 ID: e5e5e0
File 140692865329.png - (10.81KB , 800x600 , 113.png )
587405

I help him drink it, he doesn't even lift his head. I think that guy stabbed him somewhere important..
>>
No. 587406 ID: e5e5e0
File 140692866820.png - (8.89KB , 800x600 , 114.png )
587406

Milo - "Wow that.. that stuff actually works.. I actually feel better!"

Cala - "G-Good! M-Milo..!"
>>
No. 587407 ID: e5e5e0
File 140692868285.png - (8.87KB , 800x600 , 115.png )
587407

Milo - "Is...... he dead?"

I only nod. I can't say it. I got him right in the heart. I.. I killed him. I don't know what to do.. I.. Should we even continue to the goblin cave? I..
>>
No. 587408 ID: 2fd516

>>587407
Well it's either that or go back and tell the guards about the "kindly old man".

Check the assassin for incriminating evidence. Possibly also loot.
>>
No. 587409 ID: dc4b80

Well make sure the assassin is really dead first. Then loot his body.

After that have a break for a bit and get the adrenaline out of your system. If you are going to be a adventurer stuff like this will be common. Once you are calm again we can either continue on just in case or find another lead.

Oh this guy might have a bounty on his head if he is notorious enough. Might be worth some coin to collect on it.
>>
No. 587410 ID: 705162

First, shoot the assasin in the head to make sure he is dead. Second, loot.
Depending on what he has and whether he likely had a bounty we can decide whether to return to town.
>>
No. 587411 ID: 9ddf68

Maybe go back to Milo's place for now but make sure to search the dead assassin's body, it could have something you could give to the guards to make some arrest or at the very least make some noble asshole's day a lot worse when it get's around that they're scum.

And I know you're going to hate this but LOOT THE BODY. and before you say no here's some reason's why
1)you are low on money, your house has burned down, and there are people trying to kill you. Anything that can help you last at least 5 more minutes you should grab with both hands.

2) this fucker makes a living killing others, he's not a person, just a wild animal that learned to talk as a polar trick. Plus he just tried to kill not only you but your best friend so fuck that guy.
>>
No. 587413 ID: bb78f2

I don't like the way he smiled.
Remove the head, it's the only way to be sure.
>>
No. 587446 ID: e5e5e0
File 140694473742.png - (12.16KB , 800x600 , 116.png )
587446

>Make sure he's dead. Loot his body.

I... I'll..

Milo - "I'll do it."

Milo unceremoniously kicks the body a few times. Quite a few times. I don't think Milo is overly fond of the now dead assassin.

Milo - "He's pretty dead. I'll check his pockets."
>>
No. 587447 ID: e5e5e0
File 140694475709.png - (14.98KB , 800x600 , 117.png )
587447

Milo - "I'm not taking off his clothes. I'm just gonna say that now. Alright so, I found 400 gold pieces. I know. He was loaded.. Hate to think how he got it. His rapier. I figure maybe we can sell it. Two potions. One looks like a health potion, can replace the one we used.. And another one that's light blue. I don't really know what it does. I also found several notes between him and some guy he keeps calling 'Prunes'. I figure that must be our guy, but.. it doesn't really say much else. I doubt we can find him."

>After that have a break for a bit and get the adrenaline out of your system. If you are going to be a adventurer stuff like this will be common. Once you are calm again we can either continue on just in case or find another lead.

Milo - "That doesn't sound like a bad idea. Why don't we just sit for awhile and then head back to the city for a bit and look for some more leads.."

>Bounty

Milo - "That's a good idea! We might get paid for killing this guy, Cala!"

....

Milo - "...Let's just take a break for a minute, okay? It's fine."
>>
No. 587448 ID: e5e5e0
File 140694477615.png - (15.11KB , 800x600 , 118.png )
587448

We arrive back in the city and head for the guard's quarters, we might... What..?

Milo - "What the hell happened.. We were only gone for a few hours.."
>>
No. 587449 ID: e5e5e0
File 140694479506.png - (12.36KB , 800x600 , 119.png )
587449

Cala - "Excuse me, what.. happened here? It looks like a storm hit or something.. where is everyone? Are those.. corpses...?"

Guard - "A orc disguised as a man infiltrated the bazaar and wreaked havoc, it has been dealt with, citizen. Do not worry."
>>
No. 587450 ID: e5e5e0
File 140694481354.png - (14.68KB , 800x600 , 120.png )
587450

Bloody Man - "That was no orc!! That was a man!! That was a man with eyes like a devil's..! That weapon.. he..."

Guard - "ENOUGH! The city guard will NOT tolerate the spreading of false rumors! Be gone or you will find yourself a night alone in solitary!!"

The bloody man looks frightened, and quickly flees.
>>
No. 587451 ID: e5e5e0
File 140694486063.png - (12.46KB , 800x600 , 121.png )
587451

Guard - "Crazy old fool. Don't mind him. Was there anything else I could help you with, citizen? If not I must request that you vacate the area for the time being."

Milo - "Are the merchants going to come back?"

Guard - "I can't answer that, citizen. I do not know."

Milo - "Uh, we were attacked by this assassin fellow out in the woods, and we killed him.. We were wondering if there was some sort of bounty? His name in the letters was.. R. Pistole?"

Guard - "Oh. Him. It just so happens that there is. A kind citizen recently informed us that they heard him boasting, drunk at a bar of his crimes. I'm sorry he troubled you. You may stop by the guard's quarters to collect your reward. I believe, for a minor criminal such as himself it was somewhere around 50 gold pieces. Now if there's nothing else.."

Cala - "Um.. I don't suppose.. You've heard of any good treasures..?"

Guard - "...No. Or.. I did hear tell some fleeing merchants mention dreading having to pass through some barren land on their way back to Eyara. Something about a giant wolf. The King's army is certainly going to investigate these claims, but if someone happened to handle it first.. I'm sure there would be some sort of reward."

Cala - "..Thanks..!"
>>
No. 587452 ID: e5e5e0
File 140694488081.png - (8.75KB , 800x600 , 122.png )
587452

We collect our 50 gold before continuing. Milo ditches his bloody clothing and changes into his father's old vest. It fits him perfectly. So I suppose on top of the other locations, there's that giant wolf thing now.. I wonder what happened in town. An orc? I've never heard of an orc causing such destruction..
>>
No. 587453 ID: e5e5e0
File 140694490104.png - (129.98KB , 800x500 , 123.png )
587453

I suppose now we can choose to go to some other rumor's location. What did you have in mind? I do feel like it's worth mentioning that it's almost nightfall.. We'd have to travel by torchlight if we set off tonight.
>>
No. 587456 ID: dc4b80

With the tournament going on all sorts of crazy stuff is going to be happening. Remember there are 49 other people in this and I bet many of them are a bit crazy.

Plus Faudner said that there relic could shapeshift and trick people so who knows what the other relics might be up to. If they are all as sentient as us life will be interesting for awhile.

If its late I would check stuff around town and turn in for the night. Until you have a good form of night vision lets not adventure in the dark.

Oh I know what you could do! Spend the time before bed experimenting with our powers! Lets go find someplace private and start slapping gems around.
>>
No. 587457 ID: 2fd516

>>587453
Well we're fucking loaded now so let's set off towards the next city. With any luck, we can buy something there that will make traveling faster.

I don't suppose there's anything you can do to secure your gold? Bank notes, perhaps?
>>
No. 587458 ID: 9ddf68

I say call it a night for now, set up some simple can in rock alarm traps around Milo's house because how shit has been going so far I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if someone came for you in the middle of the night.

Then tomorrow we can set off along the wolf road and head towards the skeletal tower. Sure the lot will be left behinds but at the same time most of the baddies will have been dealt with by the old adventurer party.
>>
No. 587462 ID: 53ba34

i think milo should practice pulling a bow. i think the string is like steel because it is both strong AND the magic of "elves only" makes it harden when held by a non-elf. so we can ether fight it, or give it to him and have it stop fighting.

also, finish your quests around here before moving on. still have a goblin cave to take care of. and you guys need so combat practice still.
>>
No. 587500 ID: d8a627

>That weapon.. he...
Great, another holy relic, isn't it. I bet it is. Too many people are willing to be monstrous with them. It makes me wonder just why they're called holy, even!
Well, maybe it's that while we're voices for them it cannot be used for evil, but after the mission it kinda loses the us part of it, and that would be when it could be used for evil intentions. That's probably what it is, then, ex-holy relics.
>>587453
First off, use the ring of moonlight, try to save the torches for when you actually need reasonable levels of light. Moonlight might be dim, but it's more than enough to actually see trails.
I'd say go visit the Goblins. If it turns out they are people, they'll probably be sleeping at night, and a moonlit person won't be bright enough to wake them up. Good chance to sneak on by, and grab anything.
>>587462
You know, bones from a dragon, teeth included, must be pretty dang sturdy. If the bow itself is heavy, it could be used as a club! That, and with a string that hardens when touched by anybody who isn't an elf, it'd make a good garrote.
>>
No. 587520 ID: f839a9

Sorry about almost getting you killed, Milo. We need a better strategy next time than sending you in as a pincushion-distraction while Cala lines up the shot.

...not that archers don't benefit from someone to hide behind, but you deserve better than being a disposable meat-shield.

>Dragon's fang bow
...hey, crazy idea, but have you tried drawing it together? More hands pulling, an elf for the requirement if it's not bullshit, and a trained archer to aim.
>>
No. 587555 ID: bb78f2

Another idea to use it is well...
Buying another gauntlet with gem sockets, inserting our gem into that socket and have Milo wear it, and then have Cala pull the string with her gauntlet on. Ensure that same hands are used. Whatever hand Cala uses to pull the string, make sure Milo's wearing his gauntlet on that hand.
Don't question my weird logic.
Shits magic yo.

Well, at least I hope Cala's spring pulling arm is the one with the gauntlet on.
If not, we have plenty of gems. Buy three gauntlets with sockets and make sure a gem is in each one. Then wear them on all your hands.
>>
No. 587557 ID: 2fd516

You know we could just straight up try to shapeshift. Or change Cala's shape.
[change form, make spikes on the knuckles!]
[turn Cala into an elf]
>>
No. 587615 ID: d8a627

>>587555
I'm fairly certain any gauntlet we can locate, gemslot or not, is not going to have an eye like ours does. It would basically be a metal glove with a slot for a gem, nothing more!
That being said, since our gems act as relays to us, that would be the magical sort of enchantment they cause, a relay to/through us. It might just work.
>>
No. 587616 ID: bb78f2

I'm not worried about the eye at all to be honest.
Shit, I think we could lose all our gems and the eye is actually the main gem, US.
Gems are for party member communication and organization.
>>
No. 587693 ID: e5e5e0
File 140704396498.png - (11.98KB , 800x600 , 124.png )
587693

>I don't suppose there's anything you can do to secure your gold? Bank notes, perhaps?

I think those cost a lot. They're mostly for rich people. You have to pay to open an account and stuff.

>Sorry about almost getting you killed, Milo. We need a better strategy next time than sending you in as a pincushion-distraction while Cala lines up the shot.

Milo - Well gee you... It's not your fault. I need to be better prepared, I guess.

>>If its late I would check stuff around town and turn in for the night. Until you have a good form of night vision lets not adventure in the dark.

We decide to call it a night, retiring to Milo's House, where his father seems glad to see us. We set some basic noise traps in the doors and windows, just in case. Milo's dad prepares a guest room for me while Milo sleeps in his own. He takes the bow to practice drawing with, while I take his gem to experiment with.
>>
No. 587694 ID: e5e5e0
File 140704397940.png - (11.03KB , 800x600 , 125.png )
587694

I took you off for a minute, guys. So I can mess with these gems. Oh, goodness! You look sleepy! Hm..

>>587555

We can try something like this if we find an armor shop.. I think a gem filled gauntlet is kind of specific around here though.

>..hey, crazy idea, but have you tried drawing it together? More hands pulling, an elf for the requirement if it's not bullshit, and a trained archer to aim.

That sounds an awful lot like having to be way too close to Milo for comfort.. No offense to Milo or anything I just.. Okay I'll try it in the morning.

>You know we could just straight up try to shapeshift. Or change Cala's shape.

Wait, what!
>>
No. 587695 ID: e5e5e0
File 140704399323.png - (12.93KB , 800x600 , 126.png )
587695

>[change form, make spikes on the knuckles!]

The gauntlet shakes for a moment and makes a sharp metallic noise before returning to normal.

That was weird.. I wonder-
>>
No. 587696 ID: e5e5e0
File 140704400896.png - (11.10KB , 800x600 , 127.png )
587696

>[turn Cala into an elf]

WHAT!?
>>
No. 587697 ID: e5e5e0
File 140704402207.png - (11.21KB , 800x600 , 128.png )
587697

...Nothing happened. D-Don't go... Changing me! Jeez! What if that had worked?..Anyway.. The gems..
>>
No. 587698 ID: e5e5e0
File 140704403590.png - (6.60KB , 800x600 , 129.png )
587698

I remove each of the gems, I have; Red, Dark Green, Pink, Black, White, Light Green, Orange, Amber, and Cyan...
>>
No. 587699 ID: e5e5e0
File 140704405789.png - (134.04KB , 800x500 , 130.png )
587699

It's morning. I couldn't get the gauntlet to do anything last night. No matter what I tried. I'm not sure if the order of the gems is the key.. In any case I suppose I'll keep trying. I suppose now we have to decide where to go next.. I'm leaning towards the Goblin Cave, 'cause it might be easiest but.. I don't know what I could do if they actually ARE just like.. people.. What do you guys think?

Throughout the night, Cala came closer to unlocking an ability for the gauntlet!

Throughout the night, Milo grew better with a bow, he's still a shit aim though.
>>
No. 587706 ID: f839a9

>Don't go... Changing me! Jeez! What if that had worked?
Well, if we discovered we had the power to change you, we would have used it to change you back. Obviously.

And then we would have started leaning towards more infiltration type missions. And encouraged you to use shapeshifting so you could walk around without worrying about assassins or creepy ghosts coming after you.

>goblins, people?
Well, maybe that could be determined with sneaking and scouting. Although you might get into a fight if you're discovered, monsters or not.

...the wolf might be something you could track and safely put an arrow in, at a distance? The bandits I'm not sure we're ready for yet, knives and arrows don't work well against skeletons. The tower might be doable, but it's hard to guess the challenge there. More puzzle based, or a slog of a dungeon crawl?
>>
No. 587707 ID: 40935b

Perhaps you could take the potentially wolf-laiden road to the skeleton fort? You should take that 400+50 gold and get some better weapons, though. Gold is no good weighing down your purse.
>>
No. 587711 ID: e5e5e0
File 140704821965.png - (13.09KB , 800x600 , 131.png )
587711

>You should take that 400+50 gold and get some better weapons, though. Gold is no good weighing down your purse.

Good point, we spend some time running to the local weapons shops, but they're all closed under some ordinance the town guard has put out because of that orc attacker! How frustrating.

>Perhaps you could take the potentially wolf-laiden road to the skeleton fort?
>...the wolf might be something you could track and safely put an arrow in, at a distance?

We decide to head down the wolf road for the skeleton fort, and try to hunt the wolf on the way.

Milo - "Just hunt a wolf? That's easy. You do that stuff all the time!"

I nod in agreement, this should be quite simple.

As we're heading down the road, we spot something on the in the distance.. An overturned carriage! I hear someone calling for help from it!
>>
No. 587713 ID: f839a9

Pause, look around, and make sure this isn't some kind of trap, first. There is at least one band of bandits nearby. And a really smart wolf might have learned you can bait people out with wounded people.

If the approach looks safe, see about approaching and helping.
>>
No. 587714 ID: 2fd516

>>587711
This is the kind of situation bandits set up for an ambush. Move around the side or get up in a tree to make sure there's no bandits hiding behind the hill. If it's not an ambush go rescue the poor guy.
>>
No. 587716 ID: bb78f2

Yep, be careful of ambush.

Another idea to do later is establishing a command line with the gems, and we may be able to turn the gauntlet into a compass by holding it parallel to the ground

Such as
[Eye, look north]
[Eye, close]
[Eye, open]
[Eye, look to Cyan gem]
[Eye, look to Milo]
[Eye, look to Cala]
...
[Eye, look to bandits]
>>
No. 587717 ID: bb78f2

>>587716
Forget last command
[Eye, look to bandits, theives, and other similar dangers within 50 meters]
>>
No. 587722 ID: d8a627

Hmm. Let's try zooming in the map to show only the surrounding square, say, 30 meters? Maybe it'll start to show details like the wagon up close enough. Otherwise, use caution, but don't take too long to get to them in case they really do need help.
>>
No. 587729 ID: e5e5e0
File 140705394045.png - (16.42KB , 800x600 , 132.png )
587729

>[Eye, look to bandits, theives, and other similar dangers within 50 meters]

The eye looks confused. It darts around a bit, as if searching for the bandits you're speaking of, before giving up.

I'll try the rest of those commands when we're in a better situation!
>>
No. 587730 ID: e5e5e0
File 140705395716.png - (14.12KB , 800x600 , 133.png )
587730

>Pause, look around, and make sure this isn't some kind of trap, first. There is at least one band of bandits nearby. And a really smart wolf might have learned you can bait people out with wounded people.

>This is the kind of situation bandits set up for an ambush. Move around the side or get up in a tree to make sure there's no bandits hiding behind the hill. If it's not an ambush go rescue the poor guy.
>>
No. 587731 ID: e5e5e0
File 140705397793.png - (6.06KB , 800x600 , 134.png )
587731

>Hmm. Let's try zooming in the map to show only the surrounding square, say, 30 meters? Maybe it'll start to show details like the wagon up close enough. Otherwise, use caution, but don't take too long to get to them in case they really do need help.

It shows me the forest nearby, the path we're on, and the wagon ahead. Nothing else. It doesn't show people or anything. You'd have to be some sort of bullshit wizard to make a map that did that, and you aren't. Seeing no other dangers in the surrounding area, you move up cautiously..
>>
No. 587732 ID: e5e5e0
File 140705399508.png - (6.50KB , 800x600 , 135.png )
587732

??? - "HEELP! HELP ME!! OH HELP ME!! AAAUUGH!"

Cala - "Come on, Milo! We have to-"
>>
No. 587733 ID: e5e5e0
File 140705400957.png - (6.50KB , 800x600 , 136.png )
587733

*CRASH!!!*

OH BULLSHIT!
>>
No. 587734 ID: e5e5e0
File 140705402420.png - (9.79KB , 800x600 , 137.png )
587734

??? - "H-Help.. Please he.. help me! It.. killed everyone.. He-"

*CRUNCH*

The top half of the elf's body falls to the ground with a sickening wet plop.

Milo - "WELL?! KILL IT CALA! YOU DO THESE KINDS OF THINGS ALL THE TIME, RIGHT??"

Cala - "THAT WOLF IS FUCKING HUGE!! I'VE NEVER KILLED ANYTHING THAT BIG!"

Milo - "THERE'S A FIRST TIME FOR EVERYTHING!"

Sh-Should I shoot it?? Or run? Shoot or run, guys? SHOOT OR RUN?!
>>
No. 587735 ID: bb78f2

You're not going to be able to escape without dying. That thing's too fast. It would have to be satisfied with its snack and flee. It killed a whole caravan, it's not stopping because it knows its not going to be hungry.
Bitch is evil.
Shoot the bitch.
>>
No. 587736 ID: 2fd516

>>587734
Yep that's a GIANT wolf alright.

This decision hinges on one thing. Can you aim straight this time? If your hands are shaking, just fucking run. You probably won't have more than two shots before it gets to you and it will take more than one shot to kill unless you get it right in the eyeball. I mean, we don't really have good weapons right now, and that thing will just fucking eat you if it catches you; no potion's gonna help if you get eaten.

If you're lucky, hitting it at all will cause it to flee.
>>
No. 587746 ID: e90c8d

I've an idea.
[[empower arrow]
Let's see how well that wolf holds up to this...Whatever it is.
>>
No. 587747 ID: a36601

>>587734
If you run it's gonna chase you down. Stand and fight. Also we still have the rapier right? Let Milo use it in this/future battles.
>>
No. 587748 ID: e5e5e0
File 140707097807.png - (12.89KB , 800x600 , 138.png )
587748

>You're not going to be able to escape without dying. That thing's too fast. It would have to be satisfied with its snack and flee. It killed a whole caravan, it's not stopping because it knows its not going to be hungry.

That's not what I wanna hear, oh GOD!

>This decision hinges on one thing. Can you aim straight this time? If your hands are shaking, just fucking run. You probably won't have more than two shots before it gets to you and it will take more than one shot to kill unless you get it right in the eyeball. I mean, we don't really have good weapons right now, and that thing will just fucking eat you if it catches you; no potion's gonna help if you get eaten.

Oh man! OH MAN!! I fire!
>>
No. 587749 ID: e5e5e0
File 140707099445.png - (10.46KB , 800x600 , 139.png )
587749

It hits! I hit it, right in the head! It winces back before refocusing on us, it begins to kick it's hind legs to move toward us!
>>
No. 587750 ID: e5e5e0
File 140707101039.png - (11.70KB , 800x600 , 140.png )
587750

I fire again! Hitting it in the chest as it at last frees itself! Holy crap it's not stopping at all!! Oh gods!
>>
No. 587751 ID: e5e5e0
File 140707102655.png - (9.24KB , 800x600 , 141.png )
587751

It leaps towards us, Milo suddenly lunges towards it and stabs it in it's snout, it rears up, tossing him away like a ragdoll! I take the opportunity to knock another arrow!
>>
No. 587752 ID: e5e5e0
File 140707104198.png - (8.72KB , 800x600 , 142.png )
587752

It hits in the neck, the wolf begins to cough and hack, giving another snap of it's jaws towards myself before running off... I wonder if it's going off to bleed out..
>>
No. 587753 ID: e5e5e0
File 140707106606.png - (8.60KB , 800x600 , 143.png )
587753

I go to check on Milo, but he's already to his feet. How.. Manly.

Milo - "That was a big wolf!"

Cala - "..Milo! You're okay!"

Milo - "Yeah, I guess I got lucky! Hey, you seen my dagger of truth?"

Cala - "Sorry, Milo! The wolf ran off with it stuck in it's nose!"

Milo - "Oh great.. I guess it's a good thing we didn't run. That probably would have been pretty unfortunate.."

Cala - "Yeah."
>>
No. 587756 ID: e90c8d

Track it down! If it ran off to bleed out then it should leave a blood trail! Besides, something that big should leave marks if it's tearing off in a hurry right?

Oh, and Milo? Niiiiiice. Told ya you had awesome in ya.
>>
No. 587767 ID: 40935b

Gat damn Milo, you deserve a metal.

You should investigate that overturned cart- prepare for the worst, though.

Did the wolf whine or hesitate at all? Something tells me there's magic at work here. You'll need to track him down to get that knife- with an arrow in its throat, it shouldn't have gone too far.
>>
No. 587768 ID: e3aff6

It seems like some sort of magical wolf to take all those arrows to the head and neck while only being sort of hurt, but if it is hurt enough to retreat we can probably kill it when we track it down. The exception of course is if it regenerates, so if the blood trail suspiciously stops we might want to consider just leaving it.
Before tracking it check the wagon; somebody might still be alive enough for a potion to help.
>>
No. 587769 ID: 53ba34

now be REALLY sure to practice with that dragon fang bow, the extra kick to it may have been able to kill the wolf in the first shot.
>>
No. 587774 ID: e607cd

Equip rapier to friend. I know you didn't sell it yet, there were no shopkeepers around.
>>
No. 587777 ID: f839a9

Well, at least our ability to recognize traps is working.

Follow the wolf, carefully, and at a distance. A wounded animal is dangerous, but you can't allow it to retreat and recuperate. You either need to verify it dies of those injuries, or finish it off.
>>
No. 587782 ID: bb78f2

Milo, you are incredibly talented at making openings.
Okay, you're obviously the tank. As soon as we can afford it, you're getting sword and board and a bitchin' suit of armor. I know your father wants you to learn how to use a bow, but that really isn't playing suit to your fighting style.

Too damn bad he didn't have a dragon bone shield or anything like that.
I know you might think thing's evil, but it's the same thing as any other wounded animal. We have to put it out of its misery.
Also because it is a SUPER dangerous wolf... almost enough to be the Big Bad Wolf of legends and tales. The one that can blow houses down. The one that can disguise itself as grandma's. SO be careful, it might be a talented illusionist.
>>
No. 587812 ID: 9ddf68

... hey crazy idea on why the wolf was so big but uh, do werewolves or dire animals exist in your world? I mean we think we have a ghost following us so why not werewolves?

Oh and milo, you kick ass... but why where you less scared of a GIANT MAN EATING WOLF then some douchebag assassin with puffy sleeves?
>>
No. 587831 ID: d0864b

Something's been bothering me. We seem to be missing the dark blue gem. We have it before Cala passed out, but not after. See >>587229 and >>587295 it's very obvious here >>587748. Though Milo or his father may have it, I suppose, but I thought Milo was carrying the grey/white gem. You are, right, Milo?

So let's test again if we can't sense where it is, like a compass, like >>587716 suggested. (And test the other stuff suggested there as well while we're at it) I suppose we could just talk directly to whoever's holding it, but they're beeing sneaky so I feel a bit paranoid. [Look towards dark blue gem] ... or maybe [look through dark blue gem]
>>
No. 587902 ID: d8a627

>>587831
I'm reaaaaally hoping that Milo got confused in the panic when Cala was unconscious and mixed up the gems, but yeah, better safe than sorry.
>>
No. 587904 ID: bb78f2

I would also like to begin testing the locating ability of the gauntlet's eye if it can locate north and gems, even if hidden.

I'd like to see if it can even find stuff from a map, and shoot an eye lazer (like the pen lazers people use in presentations) so that it's easier to see where it's looking if locating people and objects is possible on a map, like have Milo go to a random tavern with a gem without telling Cala and then have the gauntlet point out his location on the map. If no eye lazer is possible, then simply hold the gauntlet perpendicular to the map and start doing scanning motions on the map and pay attention to where the eye is looking, asking it to blink twice if we've gone too far in our scanning motion. Also I would like you to sketch a tiny map of a room, hide objects and or people in the room without Cala or the gauntlet seeing, and make sure it isn't Milo or his father hiding the objects, and see if it can locate the hidden objects on a map surface because the gauntlet is technically supposed to be all-knowing, even if we don't have memories of past adventures.

Again, of course this is all for testing later, but I wanted to make the instructions now. (I also hope if we find a feature of a glove manually that Cala's XP bar for finding a new feature isn't reset, because it was our own efforts and direct suggestions that discovered the feature and not Cala's. I also hope manually finding a feature is actually an option and Cala doesn't have to unlock them herself through her XP bar. I'm using XP bar in the place of the descriptions that indicate a character is training a skill that we got at the end of the day.)
>>
No. 587906 ID: bb78f2

>>587831
We actually haven't had the dark-blue gem since last night. Cala collected the white gem from Milo when he went to bed.
It should be a simple switch of POV to find it. Also a good opportunity for the map test as well.
Hmm, I'd also like to try seeing if it can find Cala's direction and/or location (on a map) when she isn't wearing the gauntlet and not in its vision, as well as Milo and her father without the gems, as they have had contact with them and may have a permanent (astral?) residue the gauntlet may find...
We should also see if it can locate a dead body in the case of worse comes to shove, however way you can test that. A visit to the local morgue may prove beneficial.

Of course, all still later when we're not tracking what is practically the main character of The Wolf Among Us.
>>
No. 587909 ID: e5e5e0
File 140713068740.png - (9.16KB , 800x600 , 144.png )
587909

>Gat damn Milo, you deserve a metal.

>Oh, and Milo? Niiiiiice. Told ya you had awesome in ya.

Milo - OWWWWWW MY BAAACK..!! MY NEECCKKK.. OWWWWWWWWWWW GOTTA LOOK COOOOL! GOTTA LOOK COOOOOOOLLL!

>You should investigate that overturned cart- prepare for the worst, though.

Milo - "I'll do it."
>>
No. 587910 ID: e5e5e0
File 140713070595.png - (10.31KB , 800x600 , 145.png )
587910

I look inside and find.. Oh gods.. Oh my.. How did.. Must have crushed.. The.. Smell..
>>
No. 587911 ID: e5e5e0
File 140713072313.png - (7.73KB , 800x600 , 146.png )
587911

Milo - "BLAAUUGHHHHH!"

Cala - "Milo! I uh.. I take it it's not too pretty in there then?"

Milo - "I'm..... I'm not digging through that.. I... I can't."
>>
No. 587912 ID: e5e5e0
File 140713074673.png - (15.94KB , 800x600 , 147.png )
587912

>Track it down! If it ran off to bleed out then it should leave a blood trail! Besides, something that big should leave marks if it's tearing off in a hurry right?

>Follow the wolf, carefully, and at a distance. A wounded animal is dangerous, but you can't allow it to retreat and recuperate. You either need to verify it dies of those injuries, or finish it off.

>Did the wolf whine or hesitate at all? Something tells me there's magic at work here. You'll need to track him down to get that knife- with an arrow in its throat, it shouldn't have gone too far.

We head into the forest where it ran off, myself leading the way, it's tracks blatant.

>Equip rapier to friend. I know you didn't sell it yet, there were no shopkeepers around.

Good idea. It's done.

>Milo, you are incredibly talented at making openings.
>Okay, you're obviously the tank. As soon as we can afford it, you're getting sword and board and a bitchin' suit of armor. I know your father wants you to learn how to use a bow, but that really isn't playing suit to your fighting style.

Milo - Uhh.. I.. Guess I could do that.. if I have to.

>Oh and milo, you kick ass... but why where you less scared of a GIANT MAN EATING WOLF then some douchebag assassin with puffy sleeves?

Milo - You mean you couldn't see me shaking?? Good. That means Cala couldn't either. I am one huge badass right now, lemme tell you.

>>587904

Oh jeez. Alright we'll make a day of it, I guess. Toss it in there with testing things on the bow.
>>
No. 587913 ID: e5e5e0
File 140713076272.png - (16.04KB , 800x600 , 148.png )
587913

>>587831

Huh? So there were ten! That's probably not good..

> I thought Milo was carrying the grey/white gem. You are, right, Milo?

Milo Yeah. That one's mine.
>>
No. 587914 ID: e5e5e0
File 140713078797.png - (155.59KB , 800x600 , 149.png )
587914

>[Look towards dark blue gem]

The eye shoots in one specific direction, looking and neither Milo or Cala. If it's looking at the gem, it's pretty far away.

Uh oh.. I wonder how I..

RELIC.

..st it. It's up to you guys if we should foll..

HOLY RELIC.

..it. The wolf I mean. We could double back for the gem if yo...

I DEMAND YOU SPEAK TO ME AT ONCE.

>[look through dark blue gem]
>>
No. 587915 ID: e5e5e0
File 140713080305.png - (4.05KB , 800x600 , 150.png )
587915

HEAR ME, RELIC. I AM THE RIGHTFUL CHAMPION OF THIS CONTEST, AND I DEMAND SATISFACTION. GUIDE ME TO VICTORY.
>>
No. 587916 ID: 2fd516

>>587915
Pirus, is that you? I can't see anything so I'll just assume it's you.

Dude, you're dead. If you want to help, you can, but a ghost can't exactly win the contest.
>>
No. 587918 ID: 53ba34

it's not up to us dude, call up your god and ask him about it if you have an issue.
>>
No. 587919 ID: f839a9

>Uhh.. I.. Guess I could do that.. if I have to.
You don't sound enthused, there. Don't worry, we won't force you into being the tank in armor if that's not your thin, either.

Exploiting opportunities is a good thing, though. As is being willing to put yourself in harm's way to make openings for others, or to overcome your own fears to support a friend. Those are positive qualities, especially in a world where far too many adventurers are worried about their own personally glory.

And doing in spite of your fear is a hell of a lot braver than just not being afraid.

>wolf / gem?
Finish the wolf. People died in that caravan. It's not worth the risk that it could recover or kill again.

>HEAR ME, RELIC. I AM THE RIGHTFUL CHAMPION OF THIS CONTEST, AND I DEMAND SATISFACTION. GUIDE ME TO VICTORY.
Show yourself to us, then. We would see our champion's face, if you are truly he.
>>
No. 587922 ID: dc4b80

Prius gave his spot to Cala. If this is his spirit talking he would remember that. If you are truly who you claim to be then your job is to help advice the person that had to pick up your burden.
>>
No. 587923 ID: e3aff6

>I AM THE RIGHTFUL CHAMPION OF THIS CONTEST, AND I DEMAND SATISFACTION. GUIDE ME TO VICTORY.
Cool story, mortal. Please elaborate about your claim to championship.
>>
No. 587925 ID: bb78f2

I was thinking about threatening you, and decided against it, for now. Because that's a little dumb; I don't know if you actually heard it or not. So I'll be a little bit more polite and civilized, and redact all mentions of mortal because you might actually be undead.

Still, buddy, you're of the mortal world and don't know your station. The holy relic is the champion itself, and has chosen everything accordingly, up to and including the catgirl.
Should you decide to SERVE the real champion, the relic, you may ally yourself with the bearer and just have to face your place.
Would you really abandon your gods over who gets to bear the champion?
You have no right to satisfaction. We do.
Serve the gods, or be a fool and have them damn you. These are your choices.
>>
No. 587926 ID: e5e5e0
File 140713439657.png - (4.15KB , 800x600 , 151.png )
587926

>Communicate with Cala and Milo.

You attempt to communicate messages to your party, but find you are trapped by the will and desires of the one who summoned you.

>Pirus, is that you? I can't see anything so I'll just assume it's you.

>Dude, you're dead. If you want to help, you can, but a ghost can't exactly win the contest.

Pirus? How would you.... Irregardless, I am the rightful benefactor to the 49th ticket, and therefore the champion that was chosen!

>it's not up to us dude, call up your god and ask him about it if you have an issue.

And what better way, I ask, then to communicate with his agents? The god of chance hears all that you hear, does he not? Well hear this, I am the one who the gauntlet was meant for! I am the rightful champion of this contest! And I shall see the gauntlet relinquished from that wretched interloper at all costs!

>Show yourself to us, then. We would see our champion's face, if you are truly he.

>Cool story, mortal. Please elaborate about your claim to championship.

Can you not see me? Very well, I shall.. accommodate you..
>>
No. 587927 ID: e5e5e0
File 140713441115.png - (5.69KB , 800x600 , 152.png )
587927

*LIGHT*

As the candle flickers to life, the colors fade from your vision..
>>
No. 587928 ID: e5e5e0
File 140713443783.png - (9.41KB , 800x600 , 153.png )
587928

I AM SERVUS CLINDUS. LAST REMAINING MEMBER OF THE HOUSE OF CLINDUS, AND RIGHTFUL INHERITOR OF THE HOLY RELIC, WHICH WOULD HAVE GONE TO MY BROTHER, PIRUS. I DEMAND SATISFACTION.

>Prius gave his spot to Cala.

He did no such thing, my brother is not a man to do something like that..

>Still, buddy, you're of the mortal world and don't know your station. The holy relic is the champion itself, and has chosen everything accordingly, up to and including the catgirl. Should you decide to SERVE the real champion, the relic, you may ally yourself with the bearer and just have to face your place. Would you really abandon your gods over who gets to bear the champion? You have no right to satisfaction. We do. Serve the gods, or be a fool and have them damn you. These are your choices.

I shall be no servant to a interloper! The gods shall not damn me, for my quest is righteous! Do not think me some fool to be manipulated, Relic. I know more about you than you yourself are aware!
>>
No. 587929 ID: e3aff6

So are you saying that the king was wrong his statement that pulling the relic from the pool is the proof of the god's approval, or are you supposing some sort of elaborate conspiracy to test you?

By the way, was that you hanging around the burning house?
>>
No. 587930 ID: 53ba34

did you really just say you are a better judge then GOD? that is like, maximum blasphemy.

you have your head stuck so far up your own self-righteous ass you can't see you are about to walk off the path.
>>
No. 587931 ID: dc4b80

Everyone knows more about us than we do sir knight. That's how these things work. This contest is determined by the god of chance above all else. If we knew to much it would unbalance the randomness of the contest.

So do not think to try to try and bribe us with information.

Anyways back to the matter at hand. If your quest is truly righteous then why do you lurk in the shadows and steal gems like a thief? Is your goal truly motivated by pure motives or by pride and jealousy?

You call the girl a interloper but she did not steal us away from you. If you had been there while your brother lay dying he would have given his ticket to you. Fate alone decided who ended up with us. She has already had her life ruined by entering the contest. Her home was destroyed and her reputation slandered. Assassins have already been sent after her head. Only by proving herself in this contest can she take back her life. If you interfere you are nothing more than a thug who wants glory only for himself.

So make your choice knight. Do you rail against fate and attempt to steal us away? Or will you swallow your pride and gain glory by helping the innocent girl your brother entrusted us to? We do not wish to have you as a enemy but we will do everything in our power to keep our bearer safe from harm.

Ultimately if you can not let go of your grievance against her at least have the courage to face her in person. State your case and make a honorable challenge. Stop hiding in dark rooms and act like the honorable knight you claim to be.
>>
No. 587933 ID: d8a627

>Do not think me some fool to be manipulated, Relic
A fool who manipulates believes himself manipulated? Sir, I'm afraid you're talking in backwards riddles. You are forcing our attention here. The Relic will not fit any hands but the one who is truly chosen, as has been proven by our two allies. The Elf attempted to wear it, and found that it was too solid on the inside to get his hand beyond the wrist portion. The catfolk who won the relic, however, was able to slip it on with no problem. Before you attempt to claim that her hand was simply smaller, don't. Her hands are, in fact, larger than the Elf's.

But, y'know what? Contrary to a lot of the other voices, or at least I'm guessing it's contrary, I wanna actually humor you. Become our second recipient. Locate for us a gauntlet with plenty of magic imbued into it, but without a specific enchantment to use all that magic up, except maybe "divine" or something, and we'll see if we can enchant it to become a copy of the original. Uh, make sure it's got ten slots though and actually get some colored gems for it. One slot might work fine, but having ten will convince people it is the proper gauntlet, and if we can upgrade it, it will, in fact, become an identical copy, as well as a second body for us. What I ask, in return, is that you not treat Cala like a major enemy. Treat her on equal grounds as the rest of the contestants. Only do to her what you would do to other contestants from here on out.
As for the gem layout, there are ten slots. Four on top, four on bottom, three on the left, and three on the right. The corners obviously share a vertical and horizontal side, so it does indeed count to ten, and not fourteen. Left to right, top to bottom, it is Dark Bluee, Red, Dark Green, Purple, Black, Gray, Light Green, Orange, Brown, Light Blue.
>>
No. 587934 ID: 2fd516

>>587928
Oh REALLY. Well smart guy why don't you tell us about ourselves then? I'm sure this'll be rich. Fucker thinks he knows better than the gods.

Did you burn down Cala's house? You got this gem from the gauntlet but you did not attack her. Why? It would have been a simple matter for you to end her life and claim the gauntlet.
>>
No. 587937 ID: f839a9

>I shall be no servant to a interloper! The gods shall not damn me, for my quest is righteous!
Does a righteous man resort to arson, assassins, the theft of petty baubles?

If you would make a claim on the relic, make it yourself. In person. Honorably. Confront the interloper, and hide behind shadows and pettiness no more.
>>
No. 587946 ID: e5e5e0
File 140713709974.png - (9.39KB , 800x600 , 154.png )
587946

>So are you saying that the king was wrong his statement that pulling the relic from the pool is the proof of the god's approval, or are you supposing some sort of elaborate conspiracy to test you?

The king is a fool. No more than an old soldier who was given the title because he was easy to control. He knows not of what he speaks.

>By the way, was that you hanging around the burning house?

>Does a righteous man resort to arson, assassins, the theft of petty baubles?

It was indeed I. I had followed that girl from the bar her and her foolish friend had left, and when she noticed me, she screamed something about me burning her house and attacked me. I struck her with my sheild, and she fell. It was not I who burned her home. I believe it was a few women from the city.. Housewives with too much time for gossip and anger to brew. Nothing more malicious than that. The assassin I did not know of.

>did you really just say you are a better judge then GOD? that is like, maximum blasphemy.
>you have your head stuck so far up your own self-righteous ass you can't see you are about to walk off the path.

And I would stray far from it, if it meant saving my homeland from the crisis to come.

>Anyways back to the matter at hand. If your quest is truly righteous then why do you lurk in the shadows and steal gems like a thief? Is your goal truly motivated by pure motives or by pride and jealousy?

I was attempting to face the girl, but I wished to observe her. See if I might find out what my brother had been planning.. As I said before, she then attacked me. I do not need the relic itself, just a gem will do to aid me in my quest.. I believe.
>>
No. 587947 ID: e5e5e0
File 140713718807.png - (6.12KB , 800x600 , 155.png )
587947

>You call the girl a interloper but she did not steal us away from you. If you had been there while your brother lay dying he would have given his ticket to you.

That is where you are wrong, Relic. My brother would have never given me a second glance. No he planned this.. He gave it to her with specific intentions.. I only do not know what they were..

>Ultimately if you can not let go of your grievance against her at least have the courage to face her in person. State your case and make a honorable challenge. Stop hiding in dark rooms and act like the honorable knight you claim to be.

>If you would make a claim on the relic, make it yourself. In person. Honorably. Confront the interloper, and hide behind shadows and pettiness no more.

And risk being attacked once again? My intention is not to murder the girl, and that would be the only result from a challenge against her. She is no match for myself, I am aware of that. I do not need to interfere with her quest.. I merely need her to not interfere with my own. Besides.. I am currently unable to reach her even if I so desired it.

>Oh REALLY. Well smart guy why don't you tell us about ourselves then? I'm sure this'll be rich. Fucker thinks he knows better than the gods.

You are voices. Spirits of fallen beings before men walked this world. You have lived thousands of lives, and know much. You shall get no more from me without something in return.

>But, y'know what? Contrary to a lot of the other voices, or at least I'm guessing it's contrary, I wanna actually humor you. Become our second recipient.

Ah, you begin to see reason..

> Locate for us a gauntlet with plenty of magic imbued into it, but without a specific enchantment to use all that magic up, except maybe "divine" or something, and we'll see if we can enchant it to become a copy of the original.

Impossible. It has been attempted before. And copy would be no more but a sad shadow of the original. Even the greatest wizards could not replicate the Holy Relics that have come forth from that pool.

As time grows short, I ask you again. I request of you, rather. Will you lend me aid? I shall not interfere with this girl's little quest, if that is what you so desire..
>>
No. 587949 ID: f839a9

>I request of you, rather. Will you lend me aid? I shall not interfere with this girl's little quest, if that is what you so desire..
What is your quest? If you do not intend to interfere with Cala's quest, or displace her from her role, what is it you seek?
>>
No. 587950 ID: 2fd516

>>587947
You said you wanted victory. We cannot hold allegiance to both Cala and you if you both want to win the contest. Or... maybe we can. If both parties seek out an item of worth, that increases the chances of us being behind a win of some sort. Since you won't be interfering with Cala, we have nothing to lose, really. (It might even count as her win...) Isn't her quest the same as yours, though? Calling it her "little" quest belittles your efforts as well, does it not? I suppose if you're trying to save the world in some manner and not just win the contest I cannot help but agree to help you work towards that goal. If we find out you're up to no good, though...

Oh, but, you should know, if you approach Cala again, she won't attack you. ...hey, did you give her the map? We're not sure where it came from.
>>
No. 587954 ID: bb78f2

We'll help, if it entertains us. The position of emperor is unfortunately locked for the catgirl, as the gods of mischief and chance find your brother's final words a fitting joke. Imagine, her, a mere commoner, practically filth to the complacent and fat nobles in these lands. Such an INSULT. A perfect retaliation for the hubris of the blue-bloods. We'll show them how mortal and feeble they are to the gods that they believe they serve.
She is our champion to fight the hubris of this land, and the punchline to your brother's killing joke.

Please know that neither us or the gods appreciate hubris, if it's not already clear with how much we've insulted you at first, and why even the catgirl was chosen in the first place. We would ask you to be humble, at least.
Those are our terms, in addition to gaining information about the relics past and present, you will also humble yourself, and avoid displays of hubris. In return, you receive our assistance. Such is the will of the gods.
>>
No. 587960 ID: 53ba34

fine, but IF we run into something that demands all of our gems in order to work we will demand your return.

also, she attacked you because she was rather angry and upset about her house being burned down and you were the only target to vent on.
>>
No. 587961 ID: d8a627

>Even the greatest wizards could not replicate the Holy Relics that have come forth from that pool.
Have they ever tried using another holy relic while it was still blessed with us Voices? Because if so, damn. I thought it was a good idea.
>You are voices. Spirits of fallen beings before men walked this world.
...Oh, so maybe we don't have the power I thought we d--wait a minute we were able to, to a small degree, modify the gauntlet, so we totally do have at least a little bit of power!
>Will you lend me aid? I shall not interfere with this girl's little quest, if that is what you so desire...
One more condition. Do not hog us to yourself. If you shall treat Cala as though she is not a rival, than we shall tell her to do the same for you. She might be willing to take the second seat, even, though do not expect her to give up the gauntlet itself. As I have stated, it will only work for her.
Let us speak again with Cala and I will consider the deal confirmed.
>>587950
>Isn't her quest the same as yours, though?
Let's speak with Cala on the matter. She might settle for a smaller reward, like becoming a new noble, rather than... whatever honor existing nobles get. What, do you get placed into a higher tier of noblehood?
>if you approach Cala again, she won't attack you.
Oh, right, once we realized you were a Clindus we didn't have a chance to say much further until she woke up, but then we told her that maybe you were just keeping an eye on her to make sure nothing bad happened to her herself, despite what had happened to her house. She might give you a glare of suspicion, though. Totally going to tell her to keep to that order until you get the chance to explain yourself in person.
>>587954
>The position of emperor is unfortunately locked for the catgirl
Uh, what? The contestant is sent to the emperor to impress him, not to replace him. Wait... If I'm reading that right, the contestant doesn't even get a reward, the king does. Whichever king decided they were worthy of being sent to the emperor. And probably only if the emperor is impressed, at that! What a gip!
>We would ask you to be humble, at least.
I would think permitting a commoner like Cala to finish her task is being humble, myself!
>avoid displays of hubris.
Whaaaat no it's funny to see karma bite them in their asses for their hubris. But, uh, yeah. God of Mischief is up in this game. The God of Chance decided to take the chance at inviting GoM to have as much a role as GoC. Or should I say GM and GC? I dunno, I don't wanna say their full names. Takes way too long.

Oh, and, uhhhh even if we can only make you a "shadow copy" I would think that would be better than just being a tiny little marble! I don't like being a puny little marble. I'd totally make a sad face if the marble had any such ability.
Wait, maybe it does? *Make a :( face appear on the gem*
>>
No. 587962 ID: e3aff6

>And I would stray far from it, if it meant saving my homeland from the crisis to come.
Describe this crisis; it sounds like something we would want to help with regardless of our misgivings about you.
>>
No. 587963 ID: dc4b80

Well if you just wanted our help and are not out to do our bearer harm you sure picked a creepy way of asking for it. I think we should start this conversation over. Obviously there has been some wild assumptions on both our parts.

So what exactly do you want from us and why? Also why can't you ask for our help openly? Also what sort of drama did you have going on with your brother? Explain your situation and we should be able to help you out.
>>
No. 587965 ID: 9ddf68

actually the reason she attacked you was because she lost her family at a young age and the only thing she had left in this world to remember them by was that house and the things inside, plus we saw you at the bar earlier but you hid when we saw you and then when you were at the house when it was on fire we thought you might have had a hand in the burning of her home and earthly memories of her family and since she was kinda emotional that the things she held the most dear to her heart were burned to the ground by shallow bitches she wasn't exactly in the right mindset for calm rational decisions.

But I have a feeling you really don't give a flying fuck about anything other then YOUR quest right now and since you at least SEEM like the guy that wouldn't kill someone over pity spite I say we should at least hear you out. I mean you sound like you have your own goals and while you do sound a bit... smug? lets go with smug for now, I do believe in at least giving people a chance. If you want our help tell us what YOUR quest is and if we like it we'll agree to help. Know that if you don't tell us what your quest is we'll probably blow you off seeing as you haven't really made that good of a first impression on us and only a fool would agree to something they have no idea about... We've learn that lesson before the hard way.
>>
No. 587968 ID: d8a627

Wait a minute. I just had a surprising thought. What if, and this is a big if! But what if the reason Pirus gave the ticket to Cala... was that he wanted you to get a girl in your life? *if that sad face worked, do a :o face*
>>587960
Man, unfair conditions all around. I mean, yeah, protecting her is our first and foremost interest, but demanding the return of the gem? You could have at least thrown "Until the problem is solved" into there!

Oh, wait, what if Servus Clindus didn't actually force us here, and it was actually the Gods hearing his prayer and brought us to him? That would suggest they want us invested in Servus's quest, too. Uhhh in that case you might have to "request" we be let back to see Cala. She's probably freaking out right about now.
Try and send a few messages once we quiet down, see if they can reach us from this distance.
>We've learn that lesson before the hard way.
Have we? When? I don't remember learning that lesson anywhich way!
>>
No. 587971 ID: 53ba34

>>587968
dude just fucking said we are a multitude, you may not have learned any hard lessons but i and the other guy HAVE.
>>
No. 588004 ID: a36601

I say we follow him on his quest. Even though he has been rude demanding and demeaning of Cala he has done no harm to her when he could have easiest. He has a code of honor even if we do not understand it right now. So long as he understands and agrees that he is our second champion (ie Cala's needs coming first) he shall have our boon.
>>
No. 588009 ID: e5e5e0
File 140717491091.png - (5.64KB , 800x600 , 156.png )
588009

>What is your quest? If you do not intend to interfere with Cala's quest, or displace her from her role, what is it you seek?

>Describe this crisis; it sounds like something we would want to help with regardless of our misgivings about you.

>So what exactly do you want from us and why?

>If you want our help tell us what YOUR quest is and if we like it we'll agree to help.

.......twenty years ago. A dragon attacked the capital of Moorindrake. and the land as a whole. The dragon is said to be one of the most powerful beings on this world. And it proved so that day. The destruction caused by the beast was catastrophic. It laid waste to the great armies of the land with ease, for they could not fight back. The reason for this was a series of powerful enchantments set over the course of many years, by the dragon itself. For the dragon had the liberty of time on it's side, time and power. The dragon was felled by a powerful group of men and women, led by a powerful man. I am the son of this man, and as he knew that day, so do I.. that the dragon did not die, but retreated, to rest, and wait for another day to strike, as it had done for so many years before. I believe this dragon, a powerful illusionist. I believe the emperor is aware of the existence of this creature. I know not what the emperor is gaining from harboring the beast, allowing it to feast upon his empire time and time again.. but I do know that it shall be returning soon. And with no men and women to stop it. It shall slaughter the land. Purge the land. And begin anew. For the brave warriors that ended it's attack years prior are now down to a mere two. I need your help. For I intend to slay the beast before it wakes. Before it regains all of it's power. And I fear I am running short on time..
>>
No. 588010 ID: e5e5e0
File 140717493304.png - (9.49KB , 800x600 , 157.png )
588010

Now that I have bored you with that old story..

>...hey, did you give her the map? We're not sure where it came from.

I did. Along with the enchantments that you've noticed on the map, another is on it. I can use my map, one of the same variety, to know her location at all times. Quite useful.

>We would ask you to be humble, at least.

...I suppose I must apologize. In the urgency of my task, and my current predicament, I suppose I became a bit panicked. Emotional.

>Those are our terms, in addition to gaining information about the relics past and present, you will also humble yourself, and avoid displays of hubris. In return, you receive our assistance. Such is the will of the gods.

Fantastic. Ask whatever you wish to know, and I shall answer to the best of my ability.

>fine, but IF we run into something that demands all of our gems in order to work we will demand your return.

Very well. But I will caution you that there will be no quick way to return it, as I believe the distance between us is currently great.

>Have they ever tried using another holy relic while it was still blessed with us Voices? Because if so, damn. I thought it was a good idea.

Yes. Once the contest is over, the voices of the Holy Relics abandon them, leaving them as ordinary objects. Even if one could replicate the effects, none have seen a point, as they would be worthless in a few short months.

>so we totally do have at least a little bit of power!

Well certainly. You are able to manipulate the Holy Relic. Though, it all depends on what fate will allow you to do, I suppose.

>One more condition. Do not hog us to yourself. If you shall treat Cala as though she is not a rival, than we shall tell her to do the same for you. She might be willing to take the second seat, even, though do not expect her to give up the gauntlet itself. As I have stated, it will only work for her.

Very well. But I remind you of the severity of my task. If I find myself in precarious sitautions I may call upon you again.

>Uh, what? The contestant is sent to the emperor to impress him, not to replace him. Wait... If I'm reading that right, the contestant doesn't even get a reward, the king does. Whichever king decided they were worthy of being sent to the emperor. And probably only if the emperor is impressed, at that! What a gip!

Ahaha quite true! Though, the champion, victorious or not, is usually of a noble house already, so they already have a title. I am unsure how this girl would be handled..

>Oh, and, uhhhh even if we can only make you a "shadow copy" I would think that would be better than just being a tiny little marble! I don't like being a puny little marble. I'd totally make a sad face if the marble had any such ability.
>Wait, maybe it does? *Make a :( face appear on the gem*
>>
No. 588011 ID: e5e5e0
File 140717496134.png - (3.99KB , 800x600 , 158.png )
588011

What are you trying to do. A what face?

>Also what sort of drama did you have going on with your brother?

.......No sort of.. drama. My brother was.. a troublesome man. He desired to be chosen to receive a ticket. So much so, that when I myself was chosen to receive one, he challenged me for it.. I was defeated. He desired to win the tournament, and slay the dragon with the intention of taking it's place as emperor of this kingdom. Where he could do whatever he wished.. He was.. quite a troublesome man.

>actually the reason she attacked you was because she lost her family at a young age and the only thing she had left in this world to remember them by was that house and the things inside, plus we saw you at the bar earlier but you hid when we saw you and then when you were at the house when it was on fire we thought you might have had a hand in the burning of her home and earthly memories of her family and since she was kinda emotional that the things she held the most dear to her heart were burned to the ground by shallow bitches she wasn't exactly in the right mindset for calm rational decisions.

I believed she might have suspected as much. But how was I to know if she still suspected such a thing?

>Wait a minute. I just had a surprising thought. What if, and this is a big if! But what if the reason Pirus gave the ticket to Cala... was that he wanted you to get a girl in your life?

"HAHAHAHA!"

Now THAT, I would not put past him! But I am afraid, while my brother was the sort to seek out all sorts of.. relationships. I am currently engaged with the pressing issue of saving the good people of this empire.. I have no time, for women.

>Let us speak again with Cala and I will consider the deal confirmed.

>Uhhh in that case you might have to "request" we be let back to see Cala. She's probably freaking out right about now.

Umm.. That would be no problem.. Except. The reason I chose to summon you now..
Is that I am currently in a bit of a predicament. You may have believed me in some room of comfort and council. That would be wrong. I am currently trapped within a dungeon, and while I am a proficient fighter..
>>
No. 588013 ID: e5e5e0
File 140717498169.png - (12.29KB , 800x600 , 159.png )
588013

I believe I may be quite a bit over my head, if I open that door. I was traversing a tower referred to as a 'tower of Korguma' within the Kingdom of Torland. I entered when I heard that the reward might be a weapon that could aid in the killing of a powerful mythical beast. HOWEVER..
>>
No. 588014 ID: e5e5e0
File 140717500166.png - (5.33KB , 800x600 , 160.png )
588014

I quickly discovered that the traps in this tower are absolutely unfair! There is no warning or way to spot most of them, and several are lethal. I was lucky however, when while on the ninth floor, only one floor remaining, I fell into a trap door which led to this cell, and not instant death.
>>
No. 588015 ID: e5e5e0
File 140717502109.png - (7.77KB , 800x600 , 161.png )
588015

In this cell, is a table, some paper and pens, a candle, and of course a message and puzzle. The message reads...

"Hello adventurer! It seems you've stumbled into my trapdoor, leading you to almost certain death! Before continuing, would you be so kind as to rate the traps you've witnessed up to this point from 1 to 5 stars? I would greatly appreciate it, as I have been attempting to better my act as of late, and would greatly appreciate feedback! Your favorite Dungeon God - Korguma!

P.S. I almost forgot about the puzzle!...
>>
No. 588016 ID: e5e5e0
File 140717505159.png - (8.48KB , 800x600 , 162.png )
588016

...Built into the floor is a contraption that I spend awhile on! Hope you like it! There are four creatures on this board, and available to you are four different slots! Please place the creatures in the order that they would defeat eachother! One combination is correct and will lower a ladder to the tenth floor, where something super cool awaits! The others however, will open the doors and allow the skeletons to enter the room and devour your flesh! Good luck, adventurer!!"

See my problem here. I had heard that the God of Dungeons was one of the most talkative gods there was but.. This is silly. Anyway, the issue with the puzzle is that the four creatures.. I.. don't really get this to be honest. The creatures are; Skeleton, Adventurer, Puzzle, Korguma. Like, firstly a puzzle isn't a creature, so that's already stupid. And the rest.. Like it's obviously pertaining to my current situation, but I'm pretty sure he just wants me to say that the skeletons will eat me, then the Skeletons eat me. Uhh.. Any ideas?
>>
No. 588017 ID: ccd544

YOU MISSED THE FIFTH "GREATER THAN" SIGN ON THE FAR RIGHT!!!

Maybe that refers to yourself, or whatever is placed at the end of the table, or even the cell or dungeon itself?
>>
No. 588018 ID: 92fe71

Skeleton, Puzzle, Adventurer, Korguma; gotta stroke his ego so he thinks it'll be a classic "You may have defeated my minions, but that will make my victory all the greater!" kind of thing.
>>
No. 588022 ID: 37aa84

Well Korguma probably got the best of you when you got trapped down here and if you can best the puzzle it will best the skeletons for you. That's about all I can come up with.
>>
No. 588023 ID: 8bcc56

>>588018
Give it A three. "Good traps, but no way of spotting said traps makes them feel unfair, perhaps some sort of detection method for them would help?"
>>
No. 588024 ID: bb78f2

>>588017
Wait, okay korguma refers to the castle because I'm dumb. But that firth arrow or Greater than symbol is mysterious. Investigate.
Man, maybe if we had our eyeball with us if could solve the puzzle for us by looking at the objects order from left to right.
If we could flip over, Cala could sketch the symbols on a piece of paper and we can tests the gauntlet's own personal intelligence.
>>
No. 588027 ID: f2924a

...
Hrrm.
So.
Korguma obviously is the slot of most victorious.
After that...Things get muddy.
See, the thing is? A SUCCESSFUL Adventurer is one that will triumph over the skeletons, the puzzles, and arguably even Korguma himself by proxy of defeating his dungeon.
HOWEVER, in terms of sheer power...
Korguma is first and formost, as a god.
Next comes the Adventurers, given the whole 'clearing dungeons' thing I said earlier.
After that, comes the Skeletons, as they are a threat. The puzzles strike me as LEAST powerful, since no matter how dangerous they are, there's a way around them, a method to solve them...
This IS tricky. Buuuut...
He mentioned rating his traps. Instead of a number score, write down your personal take on his traps...Though I note that you WERE about to clear the dungeon save for this final trap, which I bet was especially hard to detect, even if you HAD been of an appropriate skill-level for this particular dungeon...
But my musings aside, here's my thoughts:
Korguma, as God, is the best.
Adventurers come second to him.
Next is Puzzles, because those are a bit more difficult as one failure too many and you're screwed, and Finally, the Monsters.
Once you input that, get ready to rumble because the Skeletons will come, but you're an adventurer, so it shouldn't be a problem...I hope.
>>
No. 588028 ID: 0e3399

>I know not what the emperor is gaining from harboring the beast, allowing it to feast upon his empire time and time again.
First, how many times has the dragon attacked?
Second, how plausible is it that the dragon controls or has outright replaced the emperor with its magic? I hear he is known for collecting anti-dragon items, so while he could be quietly preparing to fight the dragon he could also be removing threats.

A literal reading of the tiles is Korguma > Adventurer > Puzzle > Skeletons, as you fell in Korguma's trap, then you solve the puzzle, which keeps the skeletons locked away. That may be too obvious though, and does not account for the extra > if that is part of the puzzle. An alternate version including the last > is Korguma > Puzzle > Skeletons > Adventurer >, as Korguma is the master of puzzles, the puzzle contains the skeletons, the skeletons would defeat the adventurer, but the adventurer defeats the room.
>>
No. 588029 ID: 2fd516

>>588016
Skeletons defeat the adventurer. The puzzle defeats the skeletons (because completing it bypasses them).

Korguma can't be defeated, so say Korguma defeats the puzzle. That makes sense because he creates them. Korguma>puzzle>skeletons>adventurer. Or the other way around, depending on what the arrows mean. That extra arrow though...
>>
No. 588032 ID: ccd544
File 140717841754.png - (19.19KB , 800x600 , 140717505159 copy.png )
588032

Some posters are missing a vital clue!
Please check the picture more closely!
>>
No. 588034 ID: 2fd516

>>588032
Well if Adventurer is placed on the rightmost spot and the extra arrow is pointing to the room, then the Adventurer being there means they beat the room. Which is what we want.
>>
No. 588036 ID: e5e5e0
File 140718055044.png - (6.43KB , 800x600 , 163.png )
588036

>Korguma obviously is the slot of most victorious.

Okay..

>Skeletons defeat the adventurer. The puzzle defeats the skeletons (because completing it bypasses them)

Alright.. so it's Korguma, Puzzle, Skeletons, Adventurer and then I guess... room?
>>
No. 588037 ID: e5e5e0
File 140718056649.png - (11.57KB , 800x600 , 164.png )
588037

*CLICK WHIRR WHIRR WHIRR WHIRR*

Uh oh..
>>
No. 588038 ID: e5e5e0
File 140718058410.png - (7.85KB , 800x600 , 165.png )
588038

Oh! Good! Yes! It worked! I thank you, Holy Relic! I am sure you understand why that was giving me trouble.

>First, how many times has the dragon attacked?

Several over the course of the empire's existence. Though I believe, after I sought information from nations far from this one.. that it has been happening for thousands of years.

>Second, how plausible is it that the dragon controls or has outright replaced the emperor with its magic? I hear he is known for collecting anti-dragon items, so while he could be quietly preparing to fight the dragon he could also be removing threats.

Hmm.. I had not considered this. I will have to think on this, because it is entirely possible. Tell me, will you stay here to see what the treasure is? Or return to that girl. In any case I thank you for your aid.
>>
No. 588039 ID: 6868bc

Dude. Who passes up a chance to see treasure? Go open that chest or whatever!
>>
No. 588040 ID: 2fd516

>>588038
I wanna see what it is. I'm sure Cala is fine. She was only tracking down a house-sized wolf. No big deal.

What? Don't look at me like that. Fine, let's go back to Cala... sheesh.
>>
No. 588041 ID: a36601

>>588023
I'd say a 4 is more fair. It's giving us a second chance here, right?
>>588034
This seems to make the most sense.
>>
No. 588043 ID: 9ddf68

I really want to go back to Cala as she's hunting a wolf the size of a house that's been attacking people traveling along the road and while she has wounded it she's trying to find it to finish it off so I really want to make sure she's ok, but I do kinda want to see what the treasure is because if this is the god of traps I really don't trust the treasure not to just be a mimic or something.
>>
No. 588051 ID: ccd544

[SPLITSCREEN MODE] = TRUE
>>
No. 588052 ID: ccd544

if that dont work

[PIP MODE] = TRUE
>>
No. 588053 ID: ccd544

if that dont work

/msg(Cala)"Can you hear us and are you ok?"
>>
No. 588054 ID: ccd544

>>588051
>>588052
>>588053
If none of that works, this guy should wait a minute in that room while he writes down some opinions for the dungeon god, and we switch to Cala for a brief moment to get her to hold on, then switch back to this guy to make sure we get to interrogate the treasure!
This guy can handle himself.
>>
No. 588055 ID: e5e5e0
File 140718490325.png - (5.48KB , 800x600 , 166.png )
588055

>Dude. Who passes up a chance to see treasure? Go open that chest or whatever!

HAH HAA! Indeed, my friend! Well you shall indeed see it, as soon as I scale this ladder..

>I wanna see what it is. I'm sure Cala is fine. She was only tracking down a house-sized wolf. No big deal.

Well that does sound quite dangerous for someone of her level. Hunting those gargantuan beasts.. I heard a migration of them had come from the land of the catfolk, and that there pups had been attacking caravans on the road to Eyara. Quite troublesome. But if she's confident enough to track a full sized one, a pup should be no problem at all!
>>
No. 588056 ID: e5e5e0
File 140718492277.png - (6.59KB , 800x600 , 167.png )
588056

>What? Don't look at me like that. Fine, let's go back to Cala... sheesh.

Oh? Well if you mus... Oh.

??? - "Ah, perfect! You've arrived! It seems we may begin. Wait a moment? Do you have a piece of the Holy Relic by chance? Ha ha, how entertaining."

??? - "We don't have time for this."

??? - "They helped raise the people of Ronima, you know? .....Yes yes of course! It's you we must speak with, Servus. The rest of you. Begone."

Wha-

Your further attempts to view through the blue gem are abruptly disrupted by a powerful unknown force.
>>
No. 588057 ID: e5e5e0
File 140718494152.png - (9.32KB , 800x600 , 168.png )
588057

Just stay still. Just stay STILL.

Cala - "MILO! WHERE ARE YOU?!"

Oh gods Milo is gone! Oh gods please be okay!! Th- The eye!! You guys are back!? Where did you go?? We're in a bit of a situation here!! I don't know where Milo went and-

*SLAM* *AAAWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!*

Oh gods!
>>
No. 588058 ID: f2924a

Hrm.
Wolf's on the other side of whatever you're hiding behind or something like that?
I think Milo's idea might have been reversing the positions. He does the shot, you do the tanking.
Oh! We learned a few things:
Servus was the ghost guy stalking you-he's actually the brother of the guy who gave you the ticket, just wanted a gem outta our gauntlet to maintain a link with us. As for why? Well...
There may or may not be an ancient evil Dragon with incredible amounts of power feasting on the Empire's fat that the Emperor can't deal with for some reason. Or possibly is the Emperor himself via illusion trickery (which is a headache in itself, but that's a rant for another time.).
POINT IS! Dragon raids Empire every now and then, and instead of destroying the Dragon via MIGHTY HEROES or GRAND ARMIES as was done previously in history, the Empire's been sitting on it's thumbs.
So, Plan is Servus does the Dragon-slaying quest, while you do the Dragon's Trail ritual. Assuming of course the one doesn't end up feeding into the other and we get to have the three of you together as a team. Or more, depending on if either of you gain allies along the way.
>>
No. 588059 ID: 9ddf68

so did you run into more wolves or did you find the mother instead of the pup? As for where we went we got called by someone but did manage to figure a few things out, like you are NOT being followed by a ghost.

But yeah for now fill us in on what happened since we left in 20 words or less.
>>
No. 588060 ID: 2fd516

>>588057
Where are you and where is the wolf? How injured is it exactly?

@Milo: Status report.
>>
No. 588061 ID: bb78f2

Okay Cala we're going to find Milo, keep calm. Stay alive, you're doing well so far...
though to be honest I don't know why you haven't rolled in mud to throw off the wolf's scent of you. I thought you were supposed to be a hunter!
Switch to Milo.
>>
No. 588062 ID: d8a627

Well that was absolutely a waste of our time!
Cala, that Clindus you saw was Servus, not Pirus. Still, give him a glare of suspicion when you see him next!

Anyways, uh. Kinda need to know more about your position.
[Point eye towards wolf, then towards Milo. Narrow pupil based on distance]
If Milo's in the direction of the wolf, this should tell you how far away he is from it, at least. Well, to what extent we can manage!
>>
No. 588064 ID: 2fd516

Hmm I wonder if we can...
[activate full body gauntlet]
>>
No. 588072 ID: 53ba34

[BOOST]
>>
No. 588169 ID: f839a9

>You guys are back!? Where did you go??
Sorry, we promise we'll explain as soon as the life or death situation is over. Sitrep, quick.

You too, Milo. Status?
>>
No. 588179 ID: e5e5e0
File 140721475139.png - (10.15KB , 800x600 , 169.png )
588179

>Wolf's on the other side of whatever you're hiding behind or something like that?

>Sitrep, quick.

Yes! We found the tower! The skeleton one! I'm hiding but I don't know where Milo went!

>Servus was the ghost guy stalking you-he's actually the brother of the guy who gave you the ticket, just wanted a gem outta our gauntlet to maintain a link with us. As for why? Well...

Who? I.. Seriously? Would it kill the guy to ask?? At least I'm not haunted..

>There may or may not be an ancient evil Dragon with incredible amounts of power feasting on the Empire's fat that the Emperor can't deal with for some reason. Or possibly is the Emperor himself via illusion trickery (which is a headache in itself, but that's a rant for another time.).

What. That's ridiculous! People would know about something like that!! And the emperor? A dragon?! It sounds like this guy is nuts!!

>POINT IS! Dragon raids Empire every now and then, and instead of destroying the Dragon via MIGHTY HEROES or GRAND ARMIES as was done previously in history, the Empire's been sitting on it's thumbs.

I..

>So, Plan is Servus does the Dragon-slaying quest, while you do the Dragon's Trail ritual. Assuming of course the one doesn't end up feeding into the other and we get to have the three of you together as a team. Or more, depending on if either of you gain allies along the way.

I.. I mean what can I say to that? I suppose I'm out a gem but.. No harm done other than that, right? I guess I'll try to be nice if I ever mee-

*AAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!*

Oh right.
>>
No. 588180 ID: e5e5e0
File 140721478086.png - (9.66KB , 800x600 , 170.png )
588180

>so did you run into more wolves or did you find the mother instead of the pup?

>But yeah for now fill us in on what happened since we left in 20 words or less.

There's a limit? Uhh okay..

Took wolf's pelt, went toward skeleton tower, bigger wolf followed us, very very mad! VERY BIG.

>Where are you and where is the wolf? How injured is it exactly?

I'm hiding behind some old pieces of this fort! The wolf we were tracking is dead but.. There's a new one now! It's a lot worse!

>though to be honest I don't know why you haven't rolled in mud to throw off the wolf's scent of you. I thought you were supposed to be a hunter!

YOU KNOW, I JUST COULDN'T MANAGE TO FIND THE TIME WHEN I WAS RUNNING FOR MY LIFE FROM A WOLF THE SIZE OF THIS FORTRESS! SORRY! Oh.. Sorry.. That was rude. I'm sorry I'm just kind of-

*ARRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!* *SMASH*

-SCARED.

>[activate full body gauntlet]

WHAT?! DON'T EXPERIMENT NO-

The gauntlet begins to shake furiously on Cala's arm, causing her to wince.

GAH! IT'S SHOCKING ME!
>>
No. 588181 ID: e5e5e0
File 140721480085.png - (10.92KB , 800x600 , 171.png )
588181

>[BOOST]

PLEASE JUST STOP FOR...

The gauntlet glows gold for a moment.

Huh? Oh wow I feel great! I'm not tired any more! This is awesome!

Power Unlocked: The Gauntlet now has the ability to magically enhance Cala's Stamina, Speed, and Strength for a short time. Use it wisely, as the supply of Mana in the gauntlet is limited, and must recharge over time.
>>
No. 588182 ID: e5e5e0
File 140721482063.png - (8.32KB , 800x600 , 172.png )
588182

>Switch to Milo.

>@Milo: Status report.

>You too, Milo. Status?

........
>>
No. 588183 ID: 40935b

Milo's out like a light, but it appears he's safely indoors.

Do you have anything you can throw to distract the wolf? You can hide behind the stones as you make your way to the window, or try to fit through the crack in the wall.
>>
No. 588185 ID: 9ddf68

MILO WAKE THE FUCK UP!!!

Cala, that's the mother wolf, the one you kill was just a pup, anyways that power boast you got is only a temporary thing so you may want to try and get inside the fort, we believe Milo is inside already. As for way we didn't tell you about the wolf earlier... we just found out ourselves.
>>
No. 588187 ID: f839a9

Milo's in the fort, looks like. [Use eye to look in his direction]

You best bet, for now, is to get inside, if you can.

...maybe we can find a way to turn the skellies and the wolf against each other?
>>
No. 588188 ID: 2fd516

>>588181
Milo, stay there, continue to not die.

Back to Cala, then.

Cala, get in the fort. A wolf that big will have some trouble dealing with the enclosed space. You can pelt it with arrows if you have like 30 of the things, or maybe you can find something in the fort to help. There's a window to your left you can scramble through. Alternatively, there's a small hole in the wall in the other direction, but I'm not sure if it's big enough for you to fit through. Just wait for the wolf to move away a bit and you should be able to make a break for it.
>>
No. 588189 ID: bb78f2

>>588182
[White Gem, sense life-force of wielder.]
>>
No. 588194 ID: d8a627

>What. That's ridiculous!
Cala. The guy forced us to speak with him alone by praying to the Gods. I think it's legit.
>bigger wolf followed us
Ah, that would be the adult one. The one you found was a pup, like Servus thought, then.

...Hey, Cala? I think Milo tried to climb the fortress and fell in or something. He looks to be lying ontop of a stone altar or something. Nothing ritualistic about it, it's just a rectangular prism made of stone. Might be a sarcophagus.
>>
No. 588195 ID: ef7fd2

>>588179
That is a nasty gash in your arm, man. If the boost didn't heal it straight up, try and get that wrapped up ASAP. Tear a strip out of your shirt if you gotta.
Now, as for >what do, try and get to a safe place. Stealthify your way around, kite the wolf somewhere you can use the surroundings to your advantage. There's a dungeon here, and where there is a dungeon there are treasures and traps about, after all! If you can find one accessible, lure it into one!
>>
No. 588199 ID: 53ba34

cala, not sure how long this will last, so hurry inside.
>>
No. 588207 ID: e5e5e0
File 140724905305.png - (10.31KB , 800x600 , 173.png )
588207

>MILO WAKE THE FUCK UP!!!

>Milo, stay there, continue to not die.

>[White Gem, sense life-force of wielder.]

The gem gives off a very faint glow, indicating that Milo is alive, but unconsciousness.

Distant Voice - "...this one fell riiight in, Master! Fell right to Grundo's Lap! Yes!"

Distant Voice - "Probably running from that damned wolf.. Yes, very good Grundo. You've done well bringing him to the table. Let us go to him.. hmhmhm... See what can be done with him, shall we?"

Footsteps approach
>>
No. 588208 ID: e5e5e0
File 140724907653.png - (10.04KB , 800x600 , 174.png )
588208

>Do you have anything you can throw to distract the wolf? You can hide behind the stones as you make your way to the window, or try to fit through the crack in the wall.

I could shoot an arrow.. I only have 13 left though.

>Cala, that's the mother wolf, the one you kill was just a pup, anyways that power boast you got is only a temporary thing so you may want to try and get inside the fort, we believe Milo is inside already.

>Ah, that would be the adult one. The one you found was a pup, like Servus thought, then.

Oh so that's why it's so pissed.. Milo's inside? Thank goodness.. And if this Servus dude is such a know it all, why don't you ask him how to make it leave me alone!

> [Use eye to look in his direction]

The eye, surprisingly enough, stares toward the wolf!

What? But that's impossible, I don't see him anywhere out there..

>Cala. The guy forced us to speak with him alone by praying to the Gods. I think it's legit.

That's.. Ugh I don't have time for this right now! I'll think on it later..
>>
No. 588209 ID: e5e5e0
File 140724909709.png - (8.48KB , 800x600 , 175.png )
588209

>That is a nasty gash in your arm, man. If the boost didn't heal it straight up, try and get that wrapped up ASAP. Tear a strip out of your shirt if you gotta.

Ha ha! No need! This is why I wear a bandana! It really comes in handy when you are in need of some cloth.
>>
No. 588210 ID: e5e5e0
File 140724911728.png - (10.87KB , 800x600 , 176.png )
588210

>make your way to the window

>You best bet, for now, is to get inside, if you can.

>Cala, get in the fort.

>cala, not sure how long this will last, so hurry inside.

>what do, try and get to a safe place.

I fire an arrow into the distance, causing just enough of a distraction for me to sprint for the window!
>>
No. 588211 ID: e5e5e0
File 140724913999.png - (12.36KB , 800x600 , 177.png )
588211

I hear the wolf growl as I roll into the window. I suppose it spotted me in the end, doesn't matter for now I guess.. I'm in. Looks like an old library or something. There's a large bookshelf, mostly empty, and some kind of little crystal ball thingy. I dunno I'm not magic. Looks like the place was long abandoned.. There's two doors, one has a huge lock on it.
>>
No. 588217 ID: f839a9

>Milo's inside? Thank goodness
Um. He doesn't seem to be alone, though. He's not necessarily out of the woods, yet.

>I don't have time for this right now!
Agreed. We'll talk this out in a less dangerous time.

>crystal ball
Hey... we've got little magic balls. I wonder if that means the gauntlet has any affinity for stuff like that? Touch it with the gauntlet. Maybe we can make it do something.

Otherwise, try getting through the open door before the wolf tries to come in through the wall.
>>
No. 588220 ID: 0e3399

[Point eye towards Milo]
Hurry; it sounds like Milo is in the clutches of what I am guessing are a creepy wizard and his standard issue weird-name-funky-accent-'Master'-saying'-henchman. Try and find him before he gets experimented on or something.
>>
No. 588222 ID: 9ddf68

ok bookcase with some books on it actually, crystal ball, and two doors one of which is locked. Ok pull the books off the shelf since I can't help but feel like this is one of those bookcase secret passages. Failing that find something to poke the crystal ball with and if nothing happens after that try to open door.
>>
No. 588226 ID: bb78f2

>>588208
>The eye, surprisingly enough, stares toward the wolf!
That just means that Milo fell threw an opening near the wolf. There should be some sort of crack in the ground that was probably caused by the wolf, and Milo fell on his head. So go downward.

I gotta say, Cala. You sure pick lucky friends.
>>
No. 588229 ID: d8a627

>>588220
We already did that, it pointed at the wolf for some reason.
>>588226
That's some good reasoning for why it pointed in th at direction, actually.
>>
No. 588230 ID: 2fd516

Better move fast regardless. Go through that unlocked door.
>>
No. 588334 ID: e5e5e0
File 140732814755.png - (12.53KB , 800x600 , 178.png )
588334

>Ok pull the books off the shelf since I can't help but feel like this is one of those bookcase secret passages.

I take each of the books off the shelf. Nothing happens, although I do begin to wonder what exactly is in the book of Goblin Helpers. It looks like it was just someone's personal library. Nothing else.

>Um. He doesn't seem to be alone, though. He's not necessarily out of the woods, yet.

That.. Doesn't sound good. Nobody but skeletons are meant to be in this place.

>it sounds like Milo is in the clutches of what I am guessing are a creepy wizard and his standard issue weird-name-funky-accent-'Master'-saying'-henchman. Try and find him before he gets experimented on or something.

That sounds much worse, actually! Experimented on?! Oh gods, just great..
>>
No. 588335 ID: e5e5e0
File 140732817057.png - (14.12KB , 800x600 , 179.png )
588335

>Hey... we've got little magic balls. I wonder if that means the gauntlet has any affinity for stuff like that? Touch it with the gauntlet. Maybe we can make it do something.

>poke the crystal ball

Okay, sure why not.

*Tap*
>>
No. 588336 ID: e5e5e0
File 140732819094.png - (13.87KB , 800x600 , 180.png )
588336

Whoop!
>>
No. 588337 ID: e5e5e0
File 140732820870.png - (14.25KB , 800x600 , 181.png )
588337

*SMASH*

Oh. I sure hope that wasn't important.

>That just means that Milo fell threw an opening near the wolf. There should be some sort of crack in the ground that was probably caused by the wolf, and Milo fell on his head. So go downward.

>I gotta say, Cala. You sure pick lucky friends.


I sure hope so.. At least he's not eaten!
>>
No. 588338 ID: e5e5e0
File 140732822605.png - (11.47KB , 800x600 , 182.png )
588338

>Otherwise, try getting through the open door before the wolf tries to come in through the wall.

>after that try to open door.

>Better move fast regardless. Go through that unlocked door.

I go through the locked door to find what seems to be a dining room. Across the rooms are two doors, one on the left and one on the right. At the table, facing away from me is an animated skeleton! Oh jeez! That's really spooky! It doesn't appear to have noticed me yet, it seems engulfed in whatever it's doing at the table. The room is lit by a magic stone, giving it a faint blue light.
>>
No. 588343 ID: ec4dab

Judging by them sitting and looking away from the door, I it looks like they are not a guard. Greet them, say that you are here to talk to the Master, and if they can direct you to him.
>>
No. 588350 ID: d8a627

>>588343
You should probably step outside the room and knock, then... Although if he didn't hear the crystal ball shattering, that probably wouldn't work.
...For future reference, hold crystal balls in place. They're normally very fragile.
>>
No. 588358 ID: e5e5e0
File 140734735452.png - (12.38KB , 800x600 , 183.png )
588358

>Greet them, say that you are here to talk to the Master, and if they can direct you to him.

Cala - "Uh.. Excuse me. I'm here to speak with the Master, might you direct me to him?"

>...For future reference, hold crystal balls in place. They're normally very fragile.

Noted.
>>
No. 588359 ID: e5e5e0
File 140734737544.png - (10.01KB , 800x600 , 184.png )
588359

"SSSSSSSSSSKKKKKKKKKKKRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"
>>
No. 588360 ID: e5e5e0
File 140734740486.png - (9.68KB , 800x600 , 185.png )
588360

Skeleton - "AAAAAAAAAAaaaa.......... Yeah sure. Aren't you one-a the folk been runnin' from that Elder Wolf outside?"

Cala - "What? Oh, um, yes. I'm looking for my friend, we were seperated."

Skeleton - "Yeah that'll happen. He's probably dead. Clark might be able to bring him back for you. He's alright at necromancy. Never thought anyone but Grundo called him master though. You a goblin?"

Cala - "Uhh, no.. I'm a catfolk. Can't you tell?"

Skeleton - "Can't see much with no eyes. Just sort of see auras and stuff, and sketchy lines. Like I said, Clark is alright at necromancy. He can't really keep us preserved very well."

Cala - "So uh, could you direct me to him?"

Skeleton - "Oh right right. He's probably downstairs in the lab. You're gonna have to ask Bishop for the key though. He's in the kitchen, door on your right."

Cala - "Uh.. Thank you."

Skeleton - "Sure. Hey uh, maybe when you're done you could gimme some help with this puzzle. It's kinda hard with the bad vision thing."
>>
No. 588361 ID: e5e5e0
File 140734742606.png - (16.85KB , 800x600 , 186.png )
588361

I enter the kitchen. What a bizzare experience. There is a skeleton with no arms attempting to stir a pot of stew. It's actually really depressing. I feel a bit demotivated.

Cala - "Excuse me. I was told by the nice... fellow outside that you could give me the key to the basement?"

Skeleton Cook - "Uhat? Oh eah ah goh ih." He allows the spoon to drop from his mouth.

Skeleton Cook - "Could you uh, help me cut those carrots first? I always have trouble with it because of... reasons. C'mon.. Just gimme...."
>>
No. 588362 ID: e5e5e0
File 140734744886.png - (4.28KB , 800x600 , 187.png )
588362

Skeleton Cook - "...A HAND."

I don't know that sounds pretty spooky. Should I lend him a hand?
>>
No. 588363 ID: 2fd516

>>588362
What's he gonna do, chew on you? Just chop the carrots. We'll go check in on Milo. By now I expect the necromancer has discovered he's still alive.
>>
No. 588364 ID: f839a9

>Grundo
That name was said near Milo.

>Just gimme A HAND
...so long as it isn't literal.

Chop chop, Cala. Gotta move quickly, here.
>>
No. 588383 ID: e5e5e0
File 140735608020.png - (21.78KB , 800x600 , 188.png )
588383

>What's he gonna do, chew on you?

I feel like he would be very hurt if he heard that.

> Just chop the carrots.

>Chop chop, Cala. Gotta move quickly, here.

Okay, okay. I chop the carrots. The armless skeleton begins to sing a song as he stirs, I can't make out a single word, because of the whole spoon in his mouth thing.

Cala - "How 'bout that key?"

Skeleton Cook - "Of course! Thank you for your help. Most people would have thought I actually wanted their hands or something. But how would I even do that, chew on them? Hohohohohohohoho! Skeleton joke."

Oh. I guess he wouldn't be hurt. I collect the key and return to the locked basement door.
>>
No. 588384 ID: e5e5e0
File 140735609712.png - (10.33KB , 800x600 , 189.png )
588384

>We'll go check in on Milo. By now I expect the necromancer has discovered he's still alive.

Master - "Why, Grundo! This fellow is alive! Go fetch me my medical kit, will you?"

Grundo - "B-But master! The necromancy!"

Master - "Gods damn it, Grundo, I'm a doctor! Not a necromancer! I could barely help keep the skeletons in shape! You have to let your old master go! Now please, give this man some medicine."

Grundo - "...Yes, Master... (Grundo will find a potion alright.. A potion of poison.. To make master realize his potential..)"
>>
No. 588385 ID: e5e5e0
File 140735611559.png - (15.44KB , 800x600 , 190.png )
588385

I step downstairs and find myself in a wine cellar. There are two doors on opposite sides of the room, and obviously, wine everywhere. Like, there's a TON of wine. A bunch of empty bottles too. Must be a bunch of heavy drinkers here.
>>
No. 588387 ID: dc4b80

Hurry up Grundo is planning on poisoning Milo so the "Master" will have to necromancy him back to life instead of just healing him.

So keep moving fast so we find him first and can make sure he gets proper care.
>>
No. 588388 ID: 2fd516

>>588385
Now that you're downstairs the eye should point you in the right direction. Make haste.
[point eye towards Milo]
>>
No. 588389 ID: 9ddf68

Milo is about to be poisoned by the assistant, main wizard guy so far doesn't sound so bad.

can you open both doors just to see whats inside and the enter.
>>
No. 588391 ID: ec4dab

The good news is that Clark seems like an ok fellow who would rather heal people than raise their corpses, but the bad news is that his hench-goblin wants to poison Milo so he will be a corpse to be raised. Maybe if we can get Clark's attention... [Start flashing Milo's gem]
>>
No. 588402 ID: d8a627

Maaan, nothing is ever what you expect. I bet you the goblins will end up being personable people, and you will have to diplomize your way through everything. Except the wolf. You gotta kill that one. Also, any Korguma dungeons or towers. You're kinda expected to fight your way through those ones. Otherwise, all your fighting will probably just be assassins from other contenders.

I gotta say, I like these skeletons. It's always nice to see nice necromancy.
>>
No. 588410 ID: bb78f2

>>588384
We don't have mind reading that long range! He whispered under his breath! Loudly! I wouldn't worry, the doctor probably heard of Grundo's plans and may trick or discipline Grundo.
>>
No. 588465 ID: e5e5e0
File 140738532890.png - (15.55KB , 800x600 , 191.png )
588465

>Hurry up Grundo is planning on poisoning Milo so the "Master" will have to necromancy him back to life instead of just healing him.

>Milo is about to be poisoned by the assistant, main wizard guy so far doesn't sound so bad.

>but the bad news is that his hench-goblin wants to poison Milo so he will be a corpse to be raised.

Wh-What?! I thought he was- Damn it!

>[point eye towards Milo]

The eye points to the left

Okay! Left!
>>
No. 588466 ID: e5e5e0
File 140738534707.png - (8.61KB , 800x600 , 192.png )
588466

I enter a hallway, with four more doors! Damn it! I try to open the one at the end of the hall, but it's locked! I hear muffled speaking on the other side.
>>
No. 588467 ID: e5e5e0
File 140738537765.png - (9.17KB , 800x600 , 193.png )
588467

>[Start flashing Milo's gem]

Master - "Hmm? What's this.."

Grundo - "Grundo will give him the potion now, master! Just as asked! Yes!"

What an interesting bauble. Looks quite valuable. What a thing to carry in one's pocket.
>>
No. 588469 ID: e3aff6

Check that potion before your minion administers it; I think he has got the wrong one.
Also, nice to meet you Doctor. We are a fragment of a holy relic, guiding this fellow and his friend on a quest. We were just dropping by to hide for a bit from an absurdly huge wolf; you know how it goes with these adventurous types.
>>
No. 588470 ID: 2fd516

>>588467
Don't let Grundo give him the potion, it's poison! Grundo REALLY wants you to be a necromancer. This is not just a bauble, it's a part of a Holy Relic! That's us speaking, and the boy is part of the group we've gathered so far.

Once you've saved our charge, we'll go inform our champion that the situation has been resolved. Then she'll just knock on the door to be let in.
>>
No. 588471 ID: d8a627

STOP THAT MAN! It's the wrong potion!

Okay now that that's out of the way, sorry, we somehow overheard his misunderstanding where he went to get a poison, something about true potential? I don't know, we normally just hear those who speak out loud or are holding one of these gems. Cala, a friend to this lad, is attempting to get in.
Now, uh, I'm guessing you're too busy keeping these skeletons alive, or, well, as close to it as you can, considering they've been acting quite a bit like people despite being skeletons! If this is true, then we'd like you to be a... friendly contact? I don't know how these things work, actually, this is probably the first time we've encontered a friendly necromancer. But then, if I'm wrong, you could maybe be a travel buddy, we could certainly use a doctor!
...Let's try and get Cala in first, though. I'll tell her to knock, to see if she's got the right door.
@Cala: Try knocking!
>>
No. 588473 ID: bb78f2

>>588467
Hey dude, piece of THE holy relic here. This is an ally of the chosen wielder of the relic, please don't apply a potion to him without a proper once over and ensure that the the potion is correct please.

Also, lore-necromancer question, are there proper full resurrection rituals that are 100% effectual? Like, I dunno, that rumor about using diamonds and other expensive alchemical ingredients? Like uhhhh...
[translate following links main information into dialogue, replacing game logic like levels into a realistic counterpart description]
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Resurrection
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:True_Resurrection
>>
No. 588505 ID: f839a9

Hello, good doctor. We're part of a hero's relic.

We'd like to thank you for your efforts in keeping our friend there healthy, and ask if he could be kept that way. We'd appreciate it.
>>
No. 588507 ID: 53ba34

grundo is evil, check the potion for proof.
>>
No. 588521 ID: e5e5e0
File 140739832041.png - (9.21KB , 800x600 , 194.png )
588521

>Check that potion before your minion administers it; I think he has got the wrong one.
>Don't let Grundo give him the potion, it's poison! Grundo REALLY wants you to be a necromancer.
>STOP THAT MAN! It's the wrong potion!
>grundo is evil, check the potion for proof.

Oh. You speak, do you? I'm well aware of his intent. Please do not refer to Grundo as my minion. It makes me sounds like some sort of evil villain.

>Also, nice to meet you Doctor. We are a fragment of a holy relic, guiding this fellow and his friend on a quest. We were just dropping by to hide for a bit from an absurdly huge wolf; you know how it goes with these adventurous types.
>Hey dude, piece of THE holy relic here. This is an ally of the chosen wielder of the relic, please don't apply a potion to him without a proper once over and ensure that the the potion is correct please.

The Holy Relic? Interesting. This fellow and his friend, you say? I suppose a huge wolf would be quite dangerous. It was my understanding that they didn't stray this far from thier homeland. I hope it doesn't attract the attention of the Royal Military. In any case they're welcome here for the time being.

One moment, I'll ensure Grundo doesn't harm your friend.
>>
No. 588522 ID: e5e5e0
File 140739833847.png - (9.96KB , 800x600 , 195.png )
588522

"Grundo, my friend. Do you realize that I wouldn't be able to realize my dream of being a doctor without such a fantastic assistant like yourself?"

Grundo - "...M-Master! You are so very kind to Grundo.. Grundo will do his very best to help heal this man, Master!!"

There we are. Grundo is merely a bit lost, is all. He misses his old, abusive master from years past. Poor chap.

>Cala, a friend to this lad, is attempting to get in.

Oh is that so? I suppose I'll have to dawn my hood then..
>>
No. 588523 ID: e5e5e0
File 140739836381.png - (7.48KB , 800x600 , 196.png )
588523

There we are.

>Now, uh, I'm guessing you're too busy keeping these skeletons alive, or, well, as close to it as you can, considering they've been acting quite a bit like people despite being skeletons!

Oh. Well you see I'm no necromancer. When I came upon this old tower there were a few reanimated skeletons left behind from their prior master. They were old, and in such pain.. As a doctor, I couldn't simply turn my back on their suffering so.. I learned a bit of necromancy. Just to keep them in stable condition. Their personalities began to come back over time I suppose. Or rather, develop.

>Also, lore-necromancer question, are there proper full resurrection rituals that are 100% effectual? Like, I dunno, that rumor about using diamonds and other expensive alchemical ingredients? Like uhhhh...

I've never heard of Diamonds being used, but yes it is possible. So long as there is some remains of a being, they should usually be resurrectable. Though I'm nowhere near skilled enough to know conclusively. Sometimes it's impossible, I believe.

> If this is true, then we'd like you to be a... friendly contact?

I'm sorry? I fear I don't understand what help I could be to adventurers, aside from healing them up every once and awhile.

>you could maybe be a travel buddy, we could certainly use a doctor!

Goodness! That would certainly be fun! A couple of brave men adventuring from place to place in search of fortune and a quest!
>>
No. 588524 ID: e5e5e0
File 140739838168.png - (7.52KB , 800x600 , 197.png )
588524

>@Cala: Try knocking!

Cala - What? That won't work!...............

*Knock Knock Knock*

Oh, it seems someone is at the door.

Clark - "Grundo, will you be a dear and get that while I work on fixing this fellow's leg?"

Grundo - "Yes, Master! Of course!"
>>
No. 588525 ID: e5e5e0
File 140739840281.png - (11.15KB , 800x600 , 198.png )
588525

A little.... goblin let's me in. There is a man in a robe and hood standing over Milo! I have the drop on him! I can-

Clark - "Hello, my friend. Your little Relic friends have already informed me of your predicament, and rest assured you may stay here safely until that wolf departs. You're friend seems to have tumbled into my little fort through a hole in the ceiling. He'll be alright, just a broken leg. It's nothing I can't fix, so don't worry. I'm a doctor, you see. My dear friend Bishop is upstairs making dinner, perhaps you'd care to join us?"

I'm so confused right now. I'm not entirely sure how to react, or if I can trust this guy. He seems pretty.. I don't know, villain-y?
>>
No. 588526 ID: 53ba34

he wears the mask to hide a huge scar on his face. an robes are actually a normal doctor thing, i do say that perhaps black isn't the best color though.
>>
No. 588529 ID: dc4b80

He seems nice enough. We will keep a eye on him and let you know if we see anything dangerous.

Looks like he wears the hood because he has a bad facial scar. Being a doctor he might also have issues about not being able to heal said scar. But lets not judge people on there appearances alone. That sort of thinking is what got your house burned down.

That and Necromancy is practiced by plenty of non evil people. It just gets a bad rep because of the few cackling zombie lords here and there.

So thank him for the help and accept his invitation to dinner. You already helped make it so you know its not creepy. You can get his story while he works or over dinner.
>>
No. 588532 ID: bb78f2

>>588525
Cala your classism is showing!
Or racism.
I don't know what 'ism it is when it refers to clothes!
>>
No. 588535 ID: 2fd516

>>588525
It's just to cover his scarred face. He's a doctor first and foremost, and dabbling necromancer. I think he's legit. In fact, he might even be able to help us out on our quest! How would you feel about having a doctor for a third party member?

Hey Cala, what do you know about necromancy? Is it possible to raise the dead without being evil about it? Like, getting donations of corpses for experiments or body grafts, or raising lost loved ones for a bit more time on this earth? Heck, just using it to contact the dead? Come to think of it, during this quest we'll be creating more than a few dead bodies. If this guy joins us we could bolster our forces a bit by making better use of those dead bodies.
>>
No. 588541 ID: d8a627

>>588526
Black? The green torches are coloring everything green, and we're seeing his back, where the shadow renders it black. It might actually be a pale blue gown or something.
>>588532
Fashion-ism? Don't be a fashionist, Cala!
>>588535
Having the zombies/skeletons actually follow us around would be kinda... creepy. (I'm specieist now, apparently, yay) Maybe we can get a few to help out with heavier tasks, and store them in a wagon we cart around, but uhhhh I don't think the town guard would like that very much if they decided to perform an inspection. Shoot, the most he could do is raise people and send them to this fortress to try and keep things up and running.
Grundo, the little, uh, warped fellow, he's interested in Clark learning to be better at Necromancy, while Clark's main intentions are to get better at being a doctor. If he's healing people and raising a few corpses, he's bound to improve at both! Give him the black gem. I dunno why, another color might work better, but I feel like black would be a neat way to represent his dark side, both in reference to his disfiguration and his practice of opposing arts. Antipodal mages are awesome.

Oh, by the way, Clark, do you still have Milo's gem? If you can hear me, I definitely would recommend practicing both doctor-y skills and necromancy. Keeping people alive is all well and good, but you mix it in with Necromancy and you can bring people back to life and keep them back to life. In such a way that their bodies actually start working again. It'll probably take some effort to learn to repair the body to a point where being revived and started up again will actually let them be alive, but that would be the best doctor skill ever.
>>
No. 588552 ID: 5f5b96

>I hope it doesn't attract the attention of the Royal Military.
Well, it might not, provided we find some way to deal with the threat before they do. If the threat isn't dealt with in a timely fashion... they're going to step in.

I take it you're worried they'd be a threat to the inhabitants of this tower?

>He seems pretty.. I don't know, villain-y?
He claims to be a doctor, and we already watched him talk the former henchman goblin out of poisoning Milo into helping treat him, by calling on his better nature, of all things. And he also claims to have been tending to the surprisingly human skellies.

Yes, the mask is a little odd, but he's just hiding his scars, I think.

I'd say he's worth giving a little trust. It could all be some kind of bluff, but he's given us no reason to disbelieve him so far.

Bad information seems par for the course for the missions, so far. The wolf attacking the roads was much less than the real threat, the skeletons in the tower aren't actually dangerous.
>>
No. 588588 ID: ccd544

Cala, let clark know you already saw his scars through the relic so he doesn't have to wear the hood.

You totally haven't of course, but if it will get him to take the hood off that end will justify the means.

Hey, i wonder if there is some way to fake a claim that you slew the master of the tower and claim some kind of reward? The old master must have something left over to use as proof. It's a real stretch, don't concern yourself too much with this idea.
>>
No. 588604 ID: e5e5e0
File 140744941329.png - (6.89KB , 800x600 , 199.png )
588604

>he wears the mask to hide a huge scar on his face. an robes are actually a normal doctor thing, i do say that perhaps black isn't the best color though.

>Looks like he wears the hood because he has a bad facial scar. Being a doctor he might also have issues about not being able to heal said scar. But lets not judge people on there appearances alone. That sort of thinking is what got your house burned down.

>It's just to cover his scarred face.

Really? Is it bad? Wait, that's rude. Gods I'm such a jerk.

>Cala your classism is showing!
>Or racism.
>I don't know what 'ism it is when it refers to clothes!

I'm not racist! Or.. Or classist.. I just think like.. He's a necromancer so he's.. probably evil.. Damn it!

>Hey Cala, what do you know about necromancy?

Nothing. I know that necromancers are supposed to be super evil, and have pacts with the badder of the gods.

>Come to think of it, during this quest we'll be creating more than a few dead bodies. If this guy joins us we could bolster our forces a bit by making better use of those dead bodies

That sounds.. really.. creepy.. I guess we could.. If he turns out to be a nice guy.

>Having the zombies/skeletons actually follow us around would be kinda... creepy.

>So thank him for the help and accept his invitation to dinner. You already helped make it so you know its not creepy. You can get his story while he works or over dinner.

......Okay.

"Um.. Thank you for helping us. I guess I could come to dinner."

Clark - "................................Th-THAT'S GreAT.. SEe you THEN."

Clark - Oh gods!! Nobody said anything about it being a woman!

Huh? Why's he sound so strange suddenly. Oh well..
>>
No. 588605 ID: e5e5e0
File 140744944050.png - (13.07KB , 800x600 , 200.png )
588605

Later

......"So uh, why are you out here? All alone in this fort I mean."

Clark - ".............I left my.. Hometown a long time ago.. After an incident involving being unable to.. heal the child of a wealthy member of the town.. I wandered and eventually found this place.. I fixed it up, met Grundo.. And helped rehabilitate these three fellows.. here.. Have you um.. met them.. by the way.."

Bishop - "She helped me cut the carrots! Very nice girl."

Sorrid - "I met her earlier. Was workin' on my puzzle. Still can't figger out where some of the pieces go."

Liapold - "Haven't met 'er. Name's Liapold. I keep watch from the top o' the tower. Watch fer dangers."

Sorrid - "Say, Clark. Are you alright with her being in here? Seeing as she's.."

Clark - "I'll thank you to say no more, Sorrid."

This dinner is pretty awkward. I don't think this guy likes catfolk..

>Cala, let clark know you already saw his scars through the relic so he doesn't have to wear the hood.

What? Why? If he wants to hide it, why bother bugging him about it?

>Hey, i wonder if there is some way to fake a claim that you slew the master of the tower and claim some kind of reward?

Probably not. If it's been out of commission for a long time I doubt anyone cares much about it anymore. I guess I could ask Clark if he has anything from the old master though.
>>
No. 588606 ID: e5e5e0
File 140744946203.png - (9.54KB , 800x600 , 201.png )
588606

Clark - Who wears something like that?! Gods look at her! She's adorable!! Why am I so miserable around women.. Gods it's like she's doing it on purpose.

>Oh, by the way, Clark, do you still have Milo's gem? If you can hear me, I definitely would recommend practicing both doctor-y skills and necromancy. Keeping people alive is all well and good, but you mix it in with Necromancy and you can bring people back to life and keep them back to life. In such a way that their bodies actually start working again. It'll probably take some effort to learn to repair the body to a point where being revived and started up again will actually let them be alive, but that would be the best doctor skill ever.

What? Yes I can hear you. I would practice both but, I really prefer simply being a doctor. Of course I am studying necromancy. So I suppose I'll be doing both in the end afterall.
>>
No. 588611 ID: 51d9ee

It's not a matter of-wait.
Clark do you mind if we act as an intermediary of sorts between you and Cala? (That's her name, Cala, if you two haven't been introduced yet.)

Anyhow...The good doctor doesn't have something against catfolk. It's more accurate to say that...He doesn't really know how to talk to women, from what I can tell.
I honestly somewhat perfer the idea of using this tower as a homebase, or at least recording it's position as a home away from home, should we need it. Given the reputation of necromancy, I'd think that it might be best to have our necromancer stay away from society as he has been doing, instead of on the road.
>>
No. 588613 ID: 2fd516

>>588606
So how long does it take to raise someone from the dead as an undead minion? Could we do it on the road? We'll probably wind up killing bandits so raising them could help bolster our forces. Can you raise wild animals from the dead, like perhaps giant wolves?

Or are you morally opposed to raising the dead for use as soldiers?
>>
No. 588614 ID: 40935b

Uh, we might want to leave Milo with a note or something so he doesn't end up confused and alone in a strange place.

Cala, I'm sure he just doesn't get this much company far out. He was trying not to be found, after all.
>>
No. 588623 ID: 88960e

>I don't think he likes catfolk
He's a recluse who lives alone in a tower, is ashamed of his face, and doesn't know how to talk to girls. The awkwardness is due to an unfortunate pile up of social factors.

Look, let's talk shop here. What he's done here? Helping and reabiliating those most people would write off? Good thing. But there's the small problem of the giant killer wolf that's eventually going to attract attention. And the fact there's a reward posted in town for clearing this tower out. We need a way to remove the wolf before the army moves in, or other adventures try something.
>>
No. 588624 ID: bb78f2

To Cala
This may be overstepping personal boundaries but he's just really bad with girls. He doesn't mind catfolk. You're just cute and he kinda can't handle it. He's just being an adorable nerd in his head it's great.

He's actually a doctor that knows Necromancy. So he's really more of a... Doctor of all trades for all people. Very nice guy. Very smart guy. Very shy guy. He would be very advantageous to add to the party. And Milo's luck can't last forever, he's probably going to die on this adventure and this guy has the potential to learn a powerful Resurrection spell that would return a dead creature to a living one instead of undead, like these skeletons. You could bring Milo back to life with a flick of a wrist, though he might lose a few knowledge, memories or skills from the experience. Shit, we could find Pirus and bring HIM back if we wanted to try. That dragon quest of his brother's is some serious shit, he shouldn't do it alone.
>>
No. 588631 ID: d8a627

To both: This is going nowhere, fast. Let's make things awkward! Cala, the guy thinks you're cute. He thinks he's ugly. It's proooobably not that he's attracted to you, although he might be attracted to the fact that you're a girl who's actually hanging around for more than two seconds.
There! Now, spend a moment to fluster about. Go on. Fluster. Let your spaghetti out.

Now that that's out of the way, here's how to do things. Be nice. Be courteous. Be friends. Don't think of one another as "That cute girl" or "That creepy guy," think of eachother as "The person I'm hanging out with right now." It may sound or feel like a sort of distancing, but it's more of a brace. When you first encounter a person, it's easy to let first impressions mislead you. Set yourself behind a brace and learn a few things about one another, and after an hour to a day, you can remove that brace and be able to treat a person as a friend based on your true impressions of them.
>>
No. 588661 ID: 707a11

>>588624
>>588631
Welp, cat's out of the bag. No further claws for pussyfooting around, meow. Purrsonally, I think that's great.
>>
No. 588694 ID: a36601

As an icebreaker have the doctor take care of your arm for you. Maybe him doing something he's good at will bring out the confidence in him.
>>
No. 588803 ID: e5e5e0
File 140757571299.png - (8.53KB , 800x600 , 202.png )
588803

>So how long does it take to raise someone from the dead as an undead minion? Could we do it on the road? We'll probably wind up killing bandits so raising them could help bolster our forces. Can you raise wild animals from the dead, like perhaps giant wolves?

Clark - You can raise almost anything, if you're skilled enough. It is however, my understanding that is takes awhile. There's a whole ceremony.

>Uh, we might want to leave Milo with a note or something so he doesn't end up confused and alone in a strange place.

Clark - Grundo volunteered to stay at his side to ensure he was well. I believe he's trying to please me. Very nice fellow, Grundo.
>>
No. 588804 ID: e5e5e0
File 140757573413.png - (8.38KB , 800x600 , 203.png )
588804

Anyhow...The good doctor doesn't have something against catfolk. It's more accurate to say that...He doesn't really know how to talk to women, from what I can tell.

What? That's.. silly.. I..

>Cala, I'm sure he just doesn't get this much company far out. He was trying not to be found, after all.

>He's a recluse who lives alone in a tower, is ashamed of his face, and doesn't know how to talk to girls. The awkwardness is due to an unfortunate pile up of social factors.

You're probably right about that. Maybe he's just not used to it..

> But there's the small problem of the giant killer wolf that's eventually going to attract attention. And the fact there's a reward posted in town for clearing this tower out. We need a way to remove the wolf before the army moves in, or other adventures try something.

I don't think there was a reward posted, actually. I was only referred by that older guy who said he'd been here before. Apparently they must have cleared it out a whole lot more than he thought they did..

>This may be overstepping personal boundaries but he's just really bad with girls. He doesn't mind catfolk. You're just cute and he kinda can't handle it. He's just being an adorable nerd in his head it's great.

I-I'm not cute! That's stupid! Stop being stupid! I bet he just doesn't get company!
>>
No. 588805 ID: e5e5e0
File 140757575833.png - (13.06KB , 800x600 , 204.png )
588805

> This is going nowhere, fast. Let's make things awkward! Cala, the guy thinks you're cute. He thinks he's ugly. It's proooobably not that he's attracted to you, although he might be attracted to the fact that you're a girl who's actually hanging around for more than two seconds.
>There! Now, spend a moment to fluster about. Go on. Fluster. Let your spaghetti out.

Clark - "Wh-WhAt?! That's not true! I uh.. I'm not attracted to you- It's uh, I don't mean that you're not attractive! Y-You are, it's just- Dammit! W-Who just.. Shares someone's.. I didn't mean to offend you or anything, Cala. I just- I- Sorry if I can't call you Cala, I'm just not sure what else to- GAH!"

Cala - "..."

Cala - Why would you do something like this to me. Why.

>Now that that's out of the way, here's how to do things. Be nice. Be courteous. Be friends. Don't think of one another as "That cute girl" or "That creepy guy," think of eachother as "The person I'm hanging out with right now." It may sound or feel like a sort of distancing, but it's more of a brace. When you first encounter a person, it's easy to let first impressions mislead you. Set yourself behind a brace and learn a few things about one another, and after an hour to a day, you can remove that brace and be able to treat a person as a friend based on your true impressions of them.

Clark - "But- W.. You thought of me as 'that creepy guy'..?"

Cala - "What? N-No! That's just.. I don't know where they got that from, I swear! I don't think you're that creepy!"

Clark - ".........It's fine. I get it. I mean there's a reason I live out here. You uh, you can stay here til' that wolf leaves but not any longer. I don't want any unneeded attention from more occupants. You understand."
>>
No. 588806 ID: e5e5e0
File 140757577801.png - (11.69KB , 800x600 , 205.png )
588806

>As an icebreaker have the doctor take care of your arm for you. Maybe him doing something he's good at will bring out the confidence in him.

Cala - "W-Wait! I'm hurt.. C-Could you take a look at it? It's pretty deep.. The wolf scratched me."

Clark pauses for a moment, and sighs deeply.

Clark - "...Fine. Just.. Meet me downstairs later. Same room your friend is in. I'll fix it for you then. Liapold, go keep a watch on that wolf from the top of the tower. Inform miss Cala the moment it leaves. Please."

Liapold - "Yess'r"

Clark leaves without another word.
>>
No. 588807 ID: e5e5e0
File 140757580507.png - (8.26KB , 800x600 , 206.png )
588807

Cala - "Uuuuuuuuuuuugh...."

Bishop - "Ohohohoho! It doesn't take eyes to know that was super awkward! Good thing too, BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE ANY! OHOHOHOHOHOHO!"

Sorrid - "I'm uh.. I'm gonna go ahead and uh.. try to finish my puzzle here.. Hey, catgirl. If you end up havin' to stay the night.. There's a guest room upstairs."

I.. That was YOUR SPAGHETTI! THAT.. That.. damn.. Now he thinks I think he's creepy.. Which I.. I guess I do.. I'm such a shitty person.. Ugh...
>>
No. 588815 ID: a36601

>I'm such a shitty person
Nah, you just don't have enough weird experiences to go off of so you assume things are the way they seem. Lateral thinking is very important for adventurers and hopefully you'll learn a lot about it. We probably can't get him to join our party now but if we are nice enough we might be able to get him to act as a home base. Help Sorrid with that puzzle while you puzzle out your feelings.(my god my brain is gone right now, long day/night at work)
>>
No. 588826 ID: d8a627

Hahah, it takes longer to fluster over embarrassment than people think. Although, yeah, I didn't mean that you ever said he was creepy, I probably should have said spooky. Would have had the same result, though.

To Clark: Ah! Sorry for the misunderstanding. Reading surface thoughts is not quite reading minds. Cala certainly does not hold anything against you, she understands that first impressions aren't exactly the most true. She's... Suffered worse stigmas than "Necromancer," believe you me.
>>
No. 588827 ID: bb78f2

You know, actually it's totally okay to blame us for that situation. Because we totally created it.
And I thought my statement lacked tact. Christ, we fucked that up majorly.

All well, at least he's keeping an eye on Milo instead of his nutso servant now. The fool thinks Grundo can be trusted even though he knows Grundo desperately wants Clark to become a powerful necromancer that he'll kill people against his wishes. I few nice comments and subtle manipulations aren't going to fix THAT.

[To Clark]
Hey, listen man, sorry about that whole thing back there. There's a lot of voices in here, while I contributed a little to that chaos myself, everything that happened was completely uncalled for. We have being matchmaker's as a hobby and then quickly go into matchmaking mode anytime there's so much as a LITTLE attraction or tension, even though most of the time it's none of our business. You'd be surprised how successful we are, despite being so idiotic. Don't blame the girl please or make her suffer some consequence for that awkward situation, just blame us.

We'd still really like you to consider allying with Cala. Milo is a really lucky person who's main tactic is being a distraction for Cala to get a shot off, and we REALLY need a doctor before we lose him in the early game, at least before we can get the fool armor.
Listen man, can you please just make sure Milo hasn't been poisoned by your servant, Grundo, already? He's tried once before and I really think it was a bad idea to let him take care of Milo.
>>
No. 588829 ID: bb78f2

[To Clark again]
And you are by no means creepy. You just live in a haunted house and wear a mask, so spooky is a much better, respectful, and honest word.
You know what creepy is? Us. We creep on so many ladies and gents you wouldn't believe. Pushing them together, urging them to bone, trying to get them to date, ugh we're terrible. You're NOT a creep so long as you don't do weird sexual stuff like turning women and men into sexual objects for you to enjoy. Or I suppose just staring at them for uncomfortably long periods of time.

Once you take off the mask though, you get a little bit sexy. Meeeeoooow, that scar. No, seriously, chicks dig scars. Got that whole mysterious thing going without even trying. You immediately have a story to tell from their perspective, even if you think the way you got it was lame. They might not, who knows!
>>
No. 588856 ID: a19cbe

>That.. damn.. Now he thinks I think he's creepy.. Which I.. I guess I do.. I'm such a shitty person.. Ugh...
Well, there's not much you can do about first impressions. I mean, dude in robes living in a tower with skeletons does give a weird vibe.

Maybe you could try actually talking to him, instead of going off awkward half measures with us acting as intermediaries, and accidentally letting your thoughts slip to each other.. Start over. Might work better.
>>
No. 588932 ID: e5e5e0
File 140768048401.png - (7.31KB , 800x600 , 207.png )
588932

>To Clark: Ah! Sorry for the misunderstanding. Reading surface thoughts is not quite reading minds. Cala certainly does not hold anything against you, she understands that first impressions aren't exactly the most true. She's... Suffered worse stigmas than "Necromancer," believe you me.

...Has she? What, catfolk? You know nothing of what you speak.. I..

>Hey, listen man, sorry about that whole thing back there. There's a lot of voices in here, while I contributed a little to that chaos myself, everything that happened was completely uncalled for. We have being matchmaker's as a hobby and then quickly go into matchmaking mode anytime there's so much as a LITTLE attraction or tension, even though most of the time it's none of our business. You'd be surprised how successful we are, despite being so idiotic. Don't blame the girl please or make her suffer some consequence for that awkward situation, just blame us.

She'll suffer no consequence. Despite what she seems to believe I am not some, evil villain. I'm a doctor. I only want to help people..

>We'd still really like you to consider allying with Cala. Milo is a really lucky person who's main tactic is being a distraction for Cala to get a shot off, and we REALLY need a doctor before we lose him in the early game, at least before we can get the fool armor.

Maybe he isn't cut out for it. Did you ever think of that, on your quest? A broken leg, multiple wounds on the both of them from something most adventurers would have no problem with.. If.. If you need a doctor so greatly.. I suggest you try a hospital!..... But if.. If you are in need of help.. I will lend it.. I.. Can't turn my back on someone who's hurt.. I can't..

>Listen man, can you please just make sure Milo hasn't been poisoned by your servant, Grundo, already? He's tried once before and I really think it was a bad idea to let him take care of Milo.

You're overreacting! Grundo's a damaged soul, and quite frankly, rather gullible. If I believed him a murderer he would have no place in my home! Besides.. Do you truly believe I would simply, leave poison lying about? As a doctor, what use would I possibly have for it? The bottles labeled poison in my lab are no more poisonous than drinking a vial of water.. It's a test. A test, despite his greatest lingering devotion to his long dead master, he has passed time and time again.

>And you are by no means creepy. You just live in a haunted house and wear a mask, so spooky is a much better, respectful, and honest word.

Spooky, Scary, Creepy, Weird, Demonic, Monstrous, I've been called all kinds. It all means the same thing. Unwelcome. Enemy. Outcast.

>Once you take off the mask though, you get a little bit sexy. Meeeeoooow, that scar. No, seriously, chicks dig scars. Got that whole mysterious thing going without even trying. You immediately have a story to tell from their perspective, even if you think the way you got it was lame. They might not, who knows!

Ha! I laugh at the idea. The way I got this scar was not 'lame'.. It was foolish! I was foolish and I was punished for being foolish!.... And I'm still foolish..

>You know what creepy is? Us. We creep on so many ladies and gents you wouldn't believe. Pushing them together, urging them to bone, trying to get them to date, ugh we're terrible. You're NOT a creep so long as you don't do weird sexual stuff like turning women and men into sexual objects for you to enjoy. Or I suppose just staring at them for uncomfortably long periods of time.

You'll be glad to know, then, that I wholeheartedly agree! I concur that you are QUITE creepy! Spooky too! It doesn't feel nice, does it! I desire no more false assurance.. I leave you with your master.. Do take care of them..
>>
No. 588933 ID: e5e5e0
File 140768050976.png - (9.25KB , 800x600 , 208.png )
588933

Milo - "SNNOOOOORRRRRRRREEE"
>>
No. 588934 ID: e5e5e0
File 140768053635.png - (7.33KB , 800x600 , 209.png )
588934

>Hahah, it takes longer to fluster over embarrassment than people think. Although, yeah, I didn't mean that you ever said he was creepy, I probably should have said spooky. Would have had the same result, though.

.....Probably would've! I just wanna get out of here.. I feel so awkward and bad..

>You know, actually it's totally okay to blame us for that situation. Because we totally created it.

It's not your fault.. It might as well have been written all over my face.. Uuugh!

>All well, at least he's keeping an eye on Milo instead of his nutso servant now. The fool thinks Grundo can be trusted even though he knows Grundo desperately wants Clark to become a powerful necromancer that he'll kill people against his wishes. I few nice comments and subtle manipulations aren't going to fix THAT.

Didn't I tell you? I told you about goblins! They're awful! Sure they can think, but it's just.. NATURAL for them to.. like.. eat babies.. and.. raid villages and stuff. They suck, basically..

>Nah, you just don't have enough weird experiences to go off of so you assume things are the way they seem. Lateral thinking is very important for adventurers and hopefully you'll learn a lot about it. We probably can't get him to join our party now but if we are nice enough we might be able to get him to act as a home base.

Godds I hope not.. I'd have to be around a bunch with just.. just this awkward lingering tension.. Uughh...

>Help Sorrid with that puzzle while you puzzle out your feelings.

Yeah, that's a good idea. He's just sittin' there workin' on it. I'll help him out.
>>
No. 588935 ID: e5e5e0
File 140768056046.png - (7.83KB , 800x600 , 210.png )
588935

Cala - "You still want some help with that puzzle?"

Sorrid - "Hm? Oh yes, please! I've been fiddling with it for ages! I simply can't make out these shapes."

Cala - "Umm..."

I am quickly reminded that these skeletons are basically blind.
>>
No. 588936 ID: e5e5e0
File 140768058576.png - (12.32KB , 800x600 , 211.png )
588936

It's been almost an hour.. Sorrid and I have finished only like, six puzzles, which is a super sad number for having spent almost an hour doing it. But I guess him being almost blind, and me being colorblind probably didn't help. The other one's were more complicated too.. Honest. That wolf's still out there. Just waiting for us.. Gods I hope it leaves soon.. It's just sort of sitting in the woods.

>Maybe you could try actually talking to him, instead of going off awkward half measures with us acting as intermediaries, and accidentally letting your thoughts slip to each other.. Start over. Might work better.

You know, I'm liking that idea more and more the longer I spend here. I'm starting to think we'll be stuck here all night.. Just.. don't go giving him any bad ideas if I DO talk to him again.. I gotta get him to look at my arm still anyway.

Okay it's settled... me. I'll go ask him to look at my arm, and try to make amends! Hey uh, I know I just sort of said not to give me any ideas but... I don't suppose you have any ideas on what I should try to say to make up? Heh?
>>
No. 588939 ID: bb78f2

Just apologize and that you'd like to start again on a different note, like the dinner never happened.

I think we got him a little warmed up to actually joining you on the quest to help Milo whenever he does something stupid again.

Just... don't insult Grundo or mention your prejudiced about how goblin's are evil. He believes Grundo's been abused most of his life and a broken creature, and not evil at all. Stop thinking in terms of black and white like a foolish child too. Just drop your misconceptions about the world because more often then not you will be proven wrong, no matter your stance. A good person will stab you in the back, and a bad guy may surprise you with some generosity without a nefarious plot behind it, and a goblin may adopt orphan dwarven children and a priest might...
>>
No. 588965 ID: 2fd516

>>588936
I think your assumptions on goblins are based on wild goblin culture. Individuals taken from that environment could very well defy expectations.

Perhaps you can suggest to the doctor a different sort of mask? Or just ask him to take it off.
>>
No. 588968 ID: d8a627

>don't go giving him any bad ideas if I DO talk to him again..
Just don't give him any gems for that period of time. He's returned Milo's gem by now, after all.
>I don't suppose you have any ideas on what I should try to say to make up?
Uh, the only thing I could think of would be the accusations thrown at you (Whore, Thief, Murderer) but probably not the best to start off with a battle of who's suffered worse.
>>
No. 588971 ID: 9ddf68

>I concur that you are QUITE creepy! Spooky too! It doesn't feel nice, does it!

Oh you, you're going to make me blush. But for real words only have power if you give it to them... or if it's an incantation to a spell but that's something else entirely. Sorry about dinner it was just that the atmosphere was so thick we had to do something so we decided to break the ice... with a hammer. As for some shit that Cala has been through, well she did have an assassin sent after her yesterday because she has us. By that I mean we're part of that whole "quest for some magic doodad to give to the king" thing but thing was Cala wasn't meant to be a part of it. What happened was she was in the right place and the right time and was given the chance to get us and won... That pissed a lot of noble families off. So if you want to know what our goals are they're basically to travel the land and find a powerful magical item... or at least something really damn impressive, and give it to the king. She is competing against nobles, think a few wealthy merchants were in there, and some of these guys have ARMIES helping them. And then their is Cala, who just has us and milo to help. And after seeing some of the crap that Cala want through because she simply came out of the blue we do want to see her win just to spit in the faces of everyone that is after her simply because she win a lottery. Oh and she's coming to speak to you to say she's sorry and on that note so are we.
>>
No. 589052 ID: ef7fd2

Don't forget about racist-ass housewives burning down her house.
Come to think of it, she's actually kinda homeless now. Huh. Add that to the "things we gotta figure out" list.
>>
No. 589176 ID: e5e5e0
File 140786500195.png - (7.15KB , 800x600 , 212.png )
589176

>>588939

Okay. I'll try to start fresh, and keep this all in mind.

>I think your assumptions on goblins are based on wild goblin culture. Individuals taken from that environment could very well defy expectations.

You know, before I started this quest I never really thought I'd ever get called a goblin-racist. Next thing you'll be telling me is that gnolls aren't rapists.

>Perhaps you can suggest to the doctor a different sort of mask? Or just ask him to take it off.

I feel like that'd make things a whole lot more awkward.
>>
No. 589177 ID: e5e5e0
File 140786501941.png - (10.57KB , 800x600 , 213.png )
589177

Cala - "Um.. Excuse me, Clark? I was wondering if you could take a look at my arm now.."

Clark - "..Fine. Come in and sit down and I'll fix it up."

>Just apologize and that you'd like to start again on a different note, like the dinner never happened.

Cala - "...I wanted to apologize about what happened. I wanna start again."

The grip on my arm tightens.

Clark - "..I guess I could try that.. If you're really sorry."

Cala - "I am! I'm really, really sorry. I didn't mean to be a jer-Youch!"

Clark - "Relax. It's just disinfectant."

We talk for awhile after he fixes my arm. It's completely healed up, he used some potion and magic to make sure it didn't leave a scar.

Clark - "So you're from the capital? How is it there?"

Cala - "It's.. nice. Lots of shops, the bazaar is always fun. People are nice.. Or, I thought they were but.. they're kind of not I guess."

Clark - "That doesn't sound like a fun memory. How about you, what did you do before this whole adventure thing?"

Cala - "Oh. I hunted. I sold pelts and meat in town. It made pretty good money, kept me afloat, y'know?"
>>
No. 589178 ID: e5e5e0
File 140786504348.png - (84.98KB , 800x600 , 214.png )
589178

Clark - "That sounds interesting....."

RELIC.

Clark - "...that wolf?"

Cala - "Yeah.. It's pretty stupid in hindsight I guess the wolf I..."

HOLY RELIC, I REQUIRE YOUR COUNCIL.

Clark - "...nt stay long. I just hope it doesn't attract..."
>>
No. 589179 ID: e5e5e0
File 140786506639.png - (3.47KB , 800x600 , 215.png )
589179

HOLY RELIC. I VERY.. HUMBLY REQUEST YOUR ASSISTANCE.

End of Thread 1
>>
No. 589187 ID: 4b571b

>Next thing you'll be telling me is that gnolls aren't rapists.
Well, to be honest, we've yet to meet one! So... maybe? And even if they are, it might be a fucked up cultural upbringing rather than a hard coded species thing.

>>589179
Hello again. We need to get you a ringtone, or something.

Luckily, you didn't interrupt us in a life or death situation this time. In fact, it's probably good if we try to let them talk without our messing things up this time.
>>
No. 589199 ID: 83bff1

Hey there. We got called back just as you walked up the stairs on account of giant wolf trouble, so we will need you to fill us in on what we missed before we can be of much help.
...By the way, are we supposed to experience time asynchronously, and are time paradoxes a hazard?
>>
No. 589210 ID: d8a627

>Next thing you'll be telling me is that gnolls aren't rapists.
Thaaaat's an iffy one. Ferals and tribals certainly are, but any that are civilized should no longer be. They're quite intelligent, and simply use rape as a means of showing their authority. It's built in from whenever whatever god made them made them out of Hyenas, which do the same thing--A matriarch, the largest female, will rape all of the other hyenas or gnolls when they get out of line.
It is quite possible that tribal Goblins do in fact consume babies, but I believe they're intelligent enough to understand when something's a taboo.
>HOLY RELIC. I VERY.. HUMBLY REQUEST YOUR ASSISTANCE.
Man, Servus, you got some serious willpower. Or whoever else was atop Korguma's tower.
>End of Thread 1
Time to twiddle our thumbs while we wait for time to start going again!
>>
No. 589215 ID: 9ddf68

>Next thing you'll be telling me is that gnolls aren't rapists

...I think that is a theory best left untested.

>HOLY RELIC. I VERY.. HUMBLY REQUEST YOUR ASSISTANCE

You alright? if you're short on time just give us the quick version and we'll see what we can do.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password