[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 562383)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 41599 unique user posts. View catalog

File 139231835026.png - (20.62KB , 900x450 , 1.png )
562383 No. 562383 ID: 549d6c

Old threads and Wiki: http://tgchan.org/wiki/Rust
Discussion: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/56976.html
Expand all images
>>
No. 562384 ID: 549d6c
File 139231839828.png - (22.17KB , 900x450 , 2.png )
562384

:ElirazRUST: *Snore*
:JerichoRUSTED: *Humming*

*Knock*Knock*

:JerichoRUSTED: Hello? Who’s there?
:TemrockRUST: It’s just me, my lord. I’m here to pick up the Prince for his training.
:JerichoRUSTED: …one second and I’ll wake him up.
:TemrockRUST: Nono… let us. We have a bucket of cold water for just that purpose with us… and a bucket of warm water to heat him up a bit.
:JerichoRUSTED: …oh gods, what’s that smell!?
:TemrockRUST: Why, it’s the third bucket. The… motivation, so to speak. Now, please unlock the door quietly and leave, if you so please. This might get a bit messy.
:ElirazRUST: Mmm… Jer… *Snore*

Insert In this episode of Rust… Is Tera pregnant with Thaarks child? Is princess Elizah actually a man? Is the sultan secretly an alien spy!? Find out after these massages…_
>>
No. 562388 ID: d90d89

oh hey we just came from the future... shit is going to go down as in the whole desert is going to be erased and no one could give us a straight fucking answer on how that happened so we kinda raged quit. how are you doing?
>>
No. 562389 ID: 4a75fa

...please tell me this is an approved part of the training he signed up for and not just some terrible prank.

After that, you should probably clear out.

[Check current status of future pawns]
>>
No. 562400 ID: d0e0a2

Yay, we're back! We missed you, Jericho! We went on an unexpected temporal excursion to the Northlands after we left you and Eliraz. Well, technically we were with Durach at Deadhollow Pass shortly then went on the excursion.

We need to check some things before we can explain further. First: [Check pawn status] Second: Jer, what's today's date? When we shifted we went first to the 23rd of the 3rd month of Thane’s season, year 3996, then to the 19th of the 1st month of Siegfried’s season, year 3995 for a little bit before coming back here. Um, you'll probably need to get something to convert those to the Serath calendar.

Whisper through the keyhole that you just need to get the books off the floor before letting them in. Don't want the "motivation" to spatter on them as Eliraz goes past, do you? Then, just to be safe, wait down the hall to make sure they're taking Eliraz where you'd expect.

So, um, how did your first time with Eliraz go? I hope more things went right than wrong.
>>
No. 562403 ID: a87e3a

>>562383
Aaaand we're back. You would not believe where we've been, Jericho. And when. We went off into the frozen north, 9 months in the future.

This sounds like part of the training. In that case you should support whatever methods he uses.

>>562388
I'm pretty sure the nonsense about the desert being "gone" means it's gonna turn into a grassland or something because the rains will return.
>>
No. 562406 ID: 3f0c1b

Looks like we are finally back, back from the future. It's wicked cool, they got airships and everything.
>>
No. 562408 ID: 549d6c
File 139232786483.png - (20.42KB , 900x450 , 3.png )
562408

>[Check pawn status]
[“The pebble”: Normal. “The Thief”: Sleeping. “The acolyte”: Bored. “The scholar”: Changing the world. “The warrior”: Sleeping, Horny. “The Shaman”: Executing Exodus.]
>[Check current status of future pawns]
[You’ve yet connected to the pawns you will connect to in the future of the past.]

>oh hey we just came from the future... shit is going to go down as in the whole desert is going to be erased and no one could give us a straight fucking answer on how that happened so we kinda raged quit. How are you doing?
Wha- huh? Um… hello to you too, voices? Err… what do you mean, “erased”? …and future?
>I'm pretty sure the nonsense about the desert being "gone" means it's gonna turn into a grassland or something because the rains will return.
Oh… well, Ilbir said something about this place used to be a jungle in the ancient times.
>It's wicked cool, they got airships and everything.
How the hell do you sail in the air? I find that very unlikely to happen.
>Get the books off the floor before letting them in. Don't want the "motivation" to spatter on them as Eliraz goes past, do you?
Oh, right, the books… better remove them.
>So, um, how did your first time with Eliraz go? I hope more things went right than wrong.
Err… well… um… it w-wasn’t really… um… I don’t think it was really… “first time” so to speak… we didn’t really… he… he does know how to use his tongue and… I never thought it would feel nice to… err… I guess he did finish himself off and… um… let’s not discuss this further, alright?

>Jer, what's today's date?
:JerichoRUSTED: (Err… I don’t know? I’ve never really… wait…) Um… what date is it today?
:TemrockRUST: Today? It’s the 12th of Eranos, 3995.
:JerichoRUSTED: …is the 1st month of Siegfried far away?
:TemrockRUST: …that’s the northern calendar, isn’t it? Why, it would be the 12th of the first month of Siegfried if you go after that one. Now, please open up before he wakes up.
>...please tell me this is an approved part of the training he signed up for and not just some terrible prank.
:TemrockRUST: He is the Prince of this country. His very protective mother is my boss. What do you think, lad??
>In that case you should support whatever methods he uses.
:TemrockRUST: Thank you… now, time to wake up sleeping beauty, eh lad?
*Splash!*
:ElirazRUST: OH GODS, COLDCOLDCOL-
*Splash!*
:ElirazRUST: HOTHOTHOTHO-
*Sploorghee...!*
:ElirazRUST: … *hgn*…Oh gods… *HGN*… Oh- *BARF!!*
:TemrockRUST: WAKE UP, SLEEPY HEAD! It’s time for your training! Don’t worry, the servants will clean this mess up… of course, we don’t know yet if you’ll be alive to see it, lad!
:ElirazRUST: *Cough* Eh…?

>you should probably clear out.
Well, that was… a bit… yeah… so, you were in the future? How were things? Did I look any different? How about the rest, how are they in the future? And… err… what should I do? It’s rather early… sun hasn’t even come up yet.

Insert Training from hell and outer space… and back…_
>>
No. 562410 ID: dbe554
562410

We were so far in the future you and everyone were gone. So we couldn't comment on your fates.

We actually had an entirely different group of pawns, starting with an amnesiac northman and a different group.
>>
No. 562419 ID: a87e3a

>>562408
Well we heard "the new Sultan" was on his/her way to the north, but we couldn't get anyone to tell us any details about anything! I can't imagine that being coincidence. I think we're being protected somehow from having knowledge about future/past events that we can influence, so things don't get all weird. It's too bad we can't reach the northlands in a week, because that's where one of our pawns is right now about to get in trouble in a ruin of some sort.

Ilbir is doing something important right now. Hmm, maybe we should go talk to him soon. Tera is currently awake and bored if you want to visit her, and of course there's Artemis right there.
>>
No. 562422 ID: 4a75fa

>Don’t worry, the servants will clean this mess up
Be thankful that isn't you anymore.

>what happens in the future
Unfortunately, we were too far away from Serath to gather any relevant information on you guys.
>>
No. 562423 ID: d0e0a2

Jer, we weren't with you, or anybody from here, in the future Northlands. Instead our king while we were there was a Windwalker named Bradford who'd had a brush with a daemon about a month before and lost his memories.

Now, don't take this as meaning that you met your demise. We may not have been able to connect because our future selves were still linked to you. However, we were told that a daemon came before the sky fell in the Serath and that more than one player lost their king then. I'm hoping we were not one of them.

From what we heard we did succeed in saving the Serath lands, and the Serath Sultinate was entering a golden age of technological and cultural advancement. That airship we mentioned bringing the new sultan to the Northlands was a Serath one. We also heard that the new sultan was a young girl, so I assume that's Elizah, meaning Leanah either stepped down, or, more likely, met her end.

There's a lot more. An undead plague was spreading down from the highest of the mountains in the Pillars of the Heavens, turning the dead into regenerating "super" undead in thrall to some daemonic force. There was daemon cults and cultists popping up in the last nine months, as well as an aggressive new order of paladins called the Order of Light in opposition to them. We actually met their deity, The Light, who prefers to be called "Steve." From Him we learned that a war against the daemons had just started, what happened on this continent was merely a flank of it, and the real fight is happening across the Great Sea.

Then we jumped to a week from now, to a guide leading Professor Varius up the highest Pillar of the Heavens. Varius was there to find a ziggurat built thousands of years ago and sealed by the gods as a bulwark against the incursion of incomprehensible all-devouring beings into this world; Presumably they're what we call "daemons." We jumped back here just as Varius and the guide entered it.

As for what to do right now, go see what Artemis is doing, and maybe get Tera; Our status for her is "bored," and I'm wondering why she's awake at this hour. Then visit Professor Varius' office at the Academy and see if you can get his notes and such. I want to find out what his intentions are for going to that ziggurat on the Pillar of the Heavens.

Oh, and there was a guard who appeared to have suffered brain damage from exposure to the wraith from the mummy. His state is similar to those who have been too close to a daemon and I'd like to get his life essence/soul checked for damage or corruption. I suspect it's the same or similar to the ones from the future Northlands.

Wait a second... Ilbir's status is "changing the world?" ...Jer, I think you should plan to be at the city gates to meet him when he arrives. He was given a mysterious package from the elder of the Sky Watcher tribe to deliver to "the person who needs it" and I believe that's you. Oh, and bring Tera along so she can take part in reattaching and reanimating Kranhon's severed tongue.

Also, make a note to do something special for Eliraz after his training is done for the day, 'cause he's gonna feel like he got caught in a stampede. A bath will definitely be part of it, along with a massage from the harem. Find out what his favorite
>>
No. 562440 ID: 9ddf68

Well everyone seems to have filled in the important things but on thing I think I should mention is that when we asked about the outcome of the war between the royal family and the Tribals the only answer we got was that the fighting here was only just beginning and like everything else there no one could or would elaborate on what the hell that meant... also later we should send a message to pink saying we're going to appear somewhere in the future with no idea what the hell is going on so if she hears from us asking what happened since now to then that's us just finding out we can travel time and not us going full retard.
>>
No. 562526 ID: 549d6c
File 139239176830.png - (21.09KB , 900x450 , 4.png )
562526

>Be thankful that isn't you anymore.
And I’m grateful they were both undead with a lack of smell and gag reflex.
>Unfortunately, we were too far away from Serath to gather any relevant information on you guys.
Bummer.
>We were told that a daemon came before the sky fell in the Serath and that more than one player lost their king then. I'm hoping we were not one of them.
That’s not ominous at all, is it?
>We also heard that the new sultan was a young girl, so I assume that's Elizah, meaning Leanah either stepped down, or, more likely, met her end.
Hmm… maybe I should tell the Sultan this…
>Make a note to do something special for Eliraz after his training is done for the day, 'cause he's gonna feel like he got caught in a stampede. A bath will definitely be part of it, along with a massage from the harem.
Yes, I definitely need to come up with something to do for him… also as a thank you for yesterday…
>Wait a second... Ilbir's status is "changing the world?" ...Jer, I think you should plan to be at the city gates to meet him when he arrives.
Err… I’m pretty sure he arrived two hours ago… he’s probably asleep… but… um… you can’t really change the world when asleep, can you?
>Oh, and there was a guard who appeared to have suffered brain damage from exposure to the wraith from the mummy.
I have no idea where he is, though.

>As for what to do right now, go see what Artemis is doing.
:ArtemisRUST: OH, HI JER! Have you made little lizards wi-
:JerichoRUSTED: No, and stop asking that… please. It’s not polite.
:ArtemisRUST: If you say so Jer… hey, do you know where there are any books about daemons? I’ve already read every book on the subject in the library here.
:JerichoRUSTED: Already? That was fast!
:ArtemisRUST: Not really… there was only three books that wasn’t fiction.
>Maybe get Tera; Our status for her is "bored," and I'm wondering why she's awake at this hour.
:JerichoRUSTED: Hey, Artemis, do you know where Tera is?
:ArtemisRUST: Oh, she’s with that tiny man’s love bug. She has to keep watch over him sleeping after they put his tongue back. Hmm… if tiny man dances with bug does that make tiny bug or more tiny men?
:JerichoRUSTED: …Artemis, go read a book about the snakes and the nests… and then I mean reproduction… as in sexual reproduction… “Dancing” as you called it.
:ArtemisRUST: Artemis will become a master of these snakes!
Insert Remember, she is a lady with a snake called Pliskin_
>>
No. 562530 ID: 37aa84

Tell Artemis to also read any books she can find on etiquette so we can cut down on how often we have to tell her something she just said is rude. We could check some book store's on the upper districts for books on daemons as that knowledge will be useful and we can share it with Artemis so she can obtain her dream of being called Master B4T3, we'll have to ask if we can call her Bate to simplify pronouncing that.
>>
No. 562536 ID: d0e0a2

Suggest that Artemis vist the Academy to continue her study on daemons. Their library might have more non-fiction books on them, there may be academics there who study the subject she could talk to, and I suspect that Professor Varius was doing research related to daemons, so his notes might help as well. She's probably going to need an official sealed note to get their cooperation, though. Perhaps the sultan could help there.

How about visiting Leanah to ask what kind of special thing you could do for Eliraz. She's probably the best one to ask what would make him feel better after today. Then you could bring up that we took a trip to the future and back and tell her what we told you. Then she could ask any questions of us she'd like.

If Ilbir's sleeping I wonder why his status is "changing the world" and "sleeping" wasn't listed at all. Eh, we'll find out what that was about when we meet him later.
>>
No. 562539 ID: a87e3a

>>562526
Ask her what she found out about demons from the books.
>>
No. 562540 ID: eb10ea

You should probably check up on Ilbir. They brought back the son of a guy who knew Horus, so he can be a line of communication between the Serath and the Nomads. We've got a common enemy in the demons, so maybe we can convince both sides to not murder each other long enough to stop the end of the world.
>>
No. 562541 ID: 549d6c
File 139240502842.png - (19.04KB , 900x450 , 5.png )
562541

>How about visiting Leanah to ask what kind of special thing you could do for Eliraz.
I have to remember doing that later.
>Ask her what she found out about demons from the books.
:ArtemisRUST: OH! There wasn’t much about them in today’s world but a lot of text from the ancient one! Like… there was this big war when they was all like pow powie kablowie rawr we’ll eat your pain and then this guy said he liked grapes better and they helped built a few stair buildings and the other guys said a few word that made all these guys trapped somewhere else including this guy who liked grapes even though he and his friends helped them trap the others with the help of a candle! Cool, huh?
:JerichoRUSTED: …I suddenly realized having someone with a mind of a child doing research might not have been the wisest decision. Where are the books now?
:ArtemisRUST: I gave it to this guy with a mask. He asked if he should see them. I don’t know where he went with them, though.

>Tell Artemis to also read any books she can find on etiquette so we can cut down on how often we have to tell her something she just said is rude.
:ArtemisRUST: Yay! I’ll be master of etiquette!
>Suggest that Artemis vist the Academy to continue her study on daemons.
:ArtemisRUST: Oh! They are sure to have an even bigger library!
>She's probably going to need an official sealed note to get their cooperation, though.
Actually, I got my own seal now when I’m royalty. I’ll just make a quick trip back to my room and I’ll make something official looking. Besides, she’s a golem, I’m sure they are dying for a chance to study her moving around.

>You should probably check up on Ilbir.
:IlbirRUST: Ilbir, you’re a genius!
:JerichoRUSTED: …by making a flying basket?
:IlbirRUST: This is just a test design. I’ve already drawn blueprints of bigger ones… big enough to carry people… fueled by magic itself. Imagine, ship sailing the air instead of the seas! Quite amazing, isn’t it?
:JerichoRUSTED: Quite… so, you just… know how to make flying basket all the sudden?
:IlbirRUST: It came to me in a dream, really… I know it sounds a bit cheesy but… when I was on my way home this… light embraced me in my dream and… I just knew.
>They brought back the son of a guy who knew Horus, so he can be a line of communication between the Serath and the Nomads.
:IlbirRUST: Hmmm? Oh him… he’s still unconscious. Doc said he would wake up any minute, though.

Insert But… where is the balloon!? I WAS PROMISED A BALLOON, DAMMIT!_
>>
No. 562542 ID: 9ddf68

you know Ilbir hot air works as well, it's light then the air around it so if you can contain it it lets whatever is holding it float. if you can have a flame to turn on at the driver or whoever's command it can add more hot air into the container letting it rise even higher and if you put a hole in the top that can be open and closed at will it also let's you release some of the hot air so you can go lower as well. As for how to make it move other then just up and down and not be at the mercy of the wind you could add propellers (basically giant fans) to create an air current to push you forward and if you can add some kind of rudder you can even steer as well.

Also we just got back from the future and yes your flying machine is a great hit, yes we actually met the light guy (he likes to go by Steve and has his own religion), and no it was the near future so no kick ass super gadgets yet or ground braking magical stuff other then some undead coming from the world towers that can regenerate and are going on a killing spree. Oh and don't bother asking about what happens in this war with the tribals, all the people we asked didn't know and the ones that did only gave vague answers because fuck them.
>>
No. 562552 ID: d0e0a2

Ilbir, do you know about the ancient daemon war? If so, then could you give us a quick summary of it? We asked Artemis about it, since we had her do research on daemons, but her summary was... less clarifying than we would have liked.

So, is that floating effect directly fueled by magic or is it indirect such as heating air and capturing it in the basket? And how were you planning to move the airship forward? Using just sails and the wind or through some form of powered propulsion?

Ilbir, you might be interested in this: I had an idea earlier to use fire magic to create updrafts for a one-man glider by heating the air ahead of it and keep it aloft. That'd be great for messengers, scout units, and any other small unit that needs to move fast, and would work especially well over the desert at night.

Jer, I believe Ilbir has a delivery for you from the elder of the Sky Watcher tribe. At least, we think that it was their elder who gave it to him and it was meant for you. Ilbir, you still got that package from the crazy lizard?

Unless the librarians here wear masks I'm guessing that guy Artemis gave the books to was our mysterious Masked Man. I wonder why he showed up to take them. To remove them from play for some reason?

We're also gonna have to hammer out Artemis' legal status at some point. I'd rather not see her classed as "furniture" or any other form of property.

After we're done here we should go visit the Durach's son and see if he's woken up yet.
>>
No. 562557 ID: a87e3a

>>562542
Technically hot air is simply less dense, which makes it lighter per unit of volume.

I don't know why we didn't think of introducing hot air balloons to you folks, it should've been an obvious leap in technology. Hmm, what else can we do with fire and ice? Pasteurization? FYI that's almost-boiling milk for a while so that it kills most of the germs inside it, then cooling it quickly and keeping it cooled so that the germs take a long time to repopulate. This can be done with all sorts of liquids that are vulnerable to spoilage.

Oh, steam engines could work. Ilbir, if you heat up water in a contained vessel, the steam produced is at high pressure, and you can release the steam to cause motion in attached devices. For instance, with the proper piping and mechanisms you could make the steam rotate a wheel or propeller. Oh wait, you guys don't have the water to spare for that, nevermind. Maybe later.
>>
No. 562562 ID: 37aa84

Oh Ilber, in case you weren't informed the Golem head built itself a body out of some bricks when we left it unsupervised so we apologize that you won't be able to watch it do that and take notes. Also we've been a few months to the future and some sort of flying ship is already in use here in fact the next Sultan will be using it on a diplomatic mission to the north. We don't have any direct confirmation that it was made by you but how many people here could be simultaneously working on the same technological marvel. Also that daemon thing is worrying so any information you can give us about daemons would be great.
>>
No. 562574 ID: 549d6c
File 139241675967.png - (22.93KB , 900x450 , 6.png )
562574

>Oh Ilber, in case you weren't informed the Golem head built itself a body.
:IlbirRUST: Yes, very interesting, but it has to wait. I’m too busy with this.
>Hot air balloons.
:IlbirRUST: Actually, I know for a fact that they’ve already made some prototype balloons down in the academy. Man, are they going to be pissed when they found out what I’ve invented.
>Steam engines could work.
:IlbirRUST: What, sir? You would make a ship sail against the wind and currents by lighting a bonfire under her decks? I pray you excuse me. I have no time to listen to such nonsense. Now, referencing people that don’t actually exist in my world aside, haven’t you notice we’re running low on something quite vital for that? You now, water?
>How were you planning to move the airship forward?
:IlbirRUST: Why, by manipulating a rune like this! Weee! Look at it go!
:JerichoRUSTED: Hey, watch it! You might poke so- OW!
:IlbirRUST: Sorry. Anyway, as you saw… it’s extremely quick and agile. Why just think, if we only should make a ship sturdy enough to take the ocean winds we should be able to just fly right over the great sea!

>We're also gonna have to hammer out Artemis' legal status at some point.
:IlbirRUST: Yea, good luck with that. We already consider other people furniture so you’ll have a hard time convincing anyone that the actual furniture is people.
>We just got back from the future an-
:IlbirRUST: Nanana! No spoiling! …unless it saves my life… or the life on someone I hold dear… or saving lives in general.
>Ilbir, do you know about the ancient daemon war?
:IlbirRUST: That old myth? Why, it is said that when the world came to peace in the old age, kind of like our world was before the Great War started across the great sea... Anyway, demonic beings began bursting forth from another world to create suffering to consume and some other beings came called the light bringers. They fought a bunch before humanity helped the light bringers construct a bunch of cages or something and locked away the demons forever… err… until now. Then there was something about stale bread doesn’t taste as great as a grape but is more filling? Hmm… I really need to re-read about that… You know, you should ask the expert in the academy… Varius, I believe he is called.
>Jer, I believe Ilbir has a delivery for you from the elder of the Sky Watcher tribe.
:IlbirRUST: Oh, right… I got it right… here… um… where is it? …and where is my wallet!?

Insert Soon he’ll find the primed grenade I left there_
>>
No. 562577 ID: a87e3a

>>562574
Oh. Oh no. Ilbir when did you last have your wallet? Did we send Grey's new king over the seas before then? ...maybe Grey has another pawn in the palace somewhere. Or maybe it's some other thief entirely. Regardless we gotta figure out when it was stolen and by whom.
>>
No. 562579 ID: 9ddf68

I think Varius is across the great sea right now try to explore those cages the deamons were sealed in.

Also it might not be grey, it could be the masked guy as well since he took those books against deamons from Artemis. And let me tell you I am just loving how people are fucking limiting our god damn knowledge so they can manipulate us. Seriously it's an old trick, keep all information you don't want them to know away from them, give them on select information in just small enough amounts they don't really learn anything from it but at the same time just enough to gain there trust. Then with the information you do give them you have it paint an arrow for them to follow so they do what you want them to do.
>>
No. 562598 ID: d0e0a2

...Gods' dammit. If it turns out Gray and her pawn came back and did this after we explicitly told her to get the hell out of the Serath Kingdom then their lives are forfeit. No third chances!

Ilbir, when and where do you last remember having the package or your wallet, where did you pass through after that point and who was around you? I'm thinking that if we can narrow down the time and place then maybe Thuul can pick up the thief's trail.

You think you could you stick that flight magic on something like a knockout gas canister, then send it zooming over the enemy ranks with an open valve to gas them? I ask because we're in need of non-lethal weapons since the daemon cultists' power seems to flow from spilled blood and death; Both theirs and others. And since they've infiltrated the tribes we have no idea which ones are safe to kill. In fact anything more than skirmish right now could end up summoning a daemon.

We actually wanted to speak to Varius about the wraith possessions here, but he left on an expedition to the Northlands a few days ago. We'd talk to Varius' apprentice, except the apprentice's corpse turned up at the Academy yesterday, having been dead for a few days. We do know Varius will be high up the side of the tallest Pillar of the Heavens in a week, entering one of the light bringers' cage-ziggurats, because we jumped to the guide who led him up the mountain right before jumping back here, but that doesn't help us now. The best we could hope for right now is searching Varius' office for his research notes.

>>562579
I reluctantly have to agree. It's looking like we're getting cut off and channeled by the Masked Man. And since Steve is buddies with the Masked Man, anything He said is suspect, along with whatever the Archbishop said. That throws everything we heard from them into question, including all we heard about the fate of the Serath. It could all be an elaborate deception.
>>
No. 562615 ID: eb10ea

What the hell happened to that statue?

>No spoiling! …unless it saves my life… or the life on someone I hold dear… or saving lives in general.
How about if the desert disappears entirely and we loose all contact with you, with heavy implications of spreading demonic corruption and an undead apocalypse? Because if so then yeah that all happened. Will happen. Whatever.
>>
No. 562655 ID: 549d6c
File 139248319230.png - (18.85KB , 900x450 , 7.png )
562655

>What the hell happened to that statue?
Someone ransacked the study yesterday, remember?
>It's looking like we're getting cut off and channeled by the Masked Man.
…hmm, I really want to know what that guy stake is in all this.

>Oh. Oh no. Ilbir when did you last have your wallet?
:IlbirRUST: Last I remember I used it to tip the caravan leader before heading off from Then’dranil, the Keer harbor city...
>Did we send Grey's new king over the seas before then?
:JerichoRUSTED: Ilbir wasn’t even here when we sent him away.
>Regardless we gotta figure out when it was stolen and by whom.
:IlbirRUST: It should just have been some random pickpocket seeing the opportunity to get some extra cash. It would be impossible to find whoever stole this by now… I’m sorry, Jer, but it looks like your package is a goner.
>You think you could you stick that flight magic on something like a knockout gas canister, then send it zooming over the enemy ranks with an open valve to gas them?
:IlbirRUST: Hmm… a weapon? Yes… a kind of… attack thrall… that would work… Thank you, now I have something interesting to work on.

>The best we could hope for right now is searching Varius' office for his research notes.
:JerichoRUSTED: Right… so, my to do list is: Talk to the Sultan, prepare something for Eliraz, go find the shamans son, talk with Tera, ransack Varius office, start with today’s magic training at the academy, find more information about this war… give that masked guy a blue eye… am I forgetting anything?
:IlbirRUST: You know… this masked guy reminds me about one of the characters in the fictional account of the war.
:JerichoRUSTED: So, you know who he is?
:IlbirRUST: Not really, the only thing I remember is that he ate a lot of grapes… of course, you can probably ask someone in the academy about the war. The expert might not be there but I’m sure there will be one or two students just dying for gushing about something like this to a person of your stature.
:JerichoRUSTED: Ugh… I’ve got a lot to do today… things was easier when you only had two things to do every day… eat and survive…
:IlbirRUST: The “curse” of being royalty, eh?

:ElirazRUST: Ow! How are you expecting me to- this is impossible!?
:TemrockRUST: Giving up already, you coward? Ha, I knew you were just like your sister, still sucking at your mother’s teat! This training was a waste of time, wasn’t it? Can’t train a weakling like this…
:ElirazRUST: S-shut up! I’ll show you, you hairy bastard!

Insert Cursed with awesome_
>>
No. 562659 ID: 9ddf68

eh we'll be there to help... assuming time traveling shenanigans, or being randomly pulled to someone else stays to a minim.

Also can you see the prince outside through the window? if so who's he doing?
>>
No. 562697 ID: d0e0a2

Jericho, a touch of ice magic on the basket, if you'd please. Ilbir, I trust you'll get such serious glitches worked out right quick. How soon do you think you can get a one or two rider prototype ready for test runs?

Okay, we'll have to get creative with your scheduling and do some delegation. Unfortunately our choices for who to delegate to is limited today. Unless I'm mistaken, Ilbir, Eliraz and Tera are going to be busy, leaving only Thaark free. But I think we can work with that.

Write up and seal an official note for Thaark declaring that he's your agent and have it delivered to him. That'll grant him the authority to go where and do what we need him to do today.

Next write a note to the sultan asking her what would make Eliraz feel better after today and if she could write that up and have it sent to you while you're at the Academy so you could arrange whatever it is for him. Also add that we have some things we need to tell her and ask if she could schedule Thaark in for a short audience so we can. We don't actually need you there for that, Jer.

Jer, you head to the Academy and check out Varius' office before starting training. Hopefully Artemis will have gathered a satisfactory level of info on the ancient war by the time you're done training, but if not then you'll have to do it yourself.

Meanwhile we'll get Thaark up to the palace with Thuul to check in on their buddy Theen. Then Thaark can have a talk with Tera, followed by a visit to Durach's son so we can have a chat with him, and finally meet with the sultan.

Oh, and you forgot "investigating the royal crypts," Jer. We were planning for Eliraz to do it, but he's gonna be tied up all day and dead tired afterwards. We'll pencil it in after the Academy and before returning to the palace, but we probably will have to push it off to overnight after everybody else is asleep.

And I guess for now we'll just have to give up on finding that package. Honestly, it might not even have been meant for you, Jer. The elder pretty much didn't say who it was for, so we just figured it was for you. For all we know it was supposed to end up in the pickpocket's hands, or that it was a test that we could be trusted not to rip it open right away. Now I'm wishing we had opened it.
>>
No. 562720 ID: 4a75fa

>a kind of… attack thrall
Oh boy. We just invented drone warfare. Great.
>>
No. 562722 ID: a87e3a

>>562655
Jericho, don't forget we can delegate. We have other pawns to undertake these tasks, you're just the first one to be awake really. I guess we can have Tera talk to the shaman's son since she's awake and bored. That clears up two items in your task list. Ransacking Varius's office could be done by Thaark once he wakes up.
>>
No. 562723 ID: a87e3a

>>562697
Tera's gonna be busy? With what?
>>
No. 562744 ID: 549d6c
File 139250216211.png - (28.18KB , 900x450 , 8.png )
562744

>Jericho, a touch of ice magic on the basket, if you'd please. Ilbir, I trust you'll get such serious glitches worked out right quick.
:IlbirRUST: Of course. I’m not going to make the bigger prototypes out of something as flammable as this. It does generate a lot of heat, after all.
>How soon do you think you can get a one or two rider prototype ready for test runs?
:IlbirRUST: A month or two… a few weeks if we’re lucky.

>Can you see the prince outside through the window? if so who's he doing?
…I hope you mean what and not who... as for WHAT he’s doing he’s... err… climbing a pillar with his bare hands while wearing weights? …Hey, the soldiers around him are sabotaging him in secret! Those jerks!
>Okay, we'll have to get creative with your scheduling and do some delegation.
Right… royalty… I can do stuff like that now…
>Tera's gonna be busy? With what?
Well, Artemis did say she was watching over Kranhon… dunno how long she’ll have to do that.
>You forgot "investigating the royal crypts," Jer.
…investigate the what now? Err… I’ll put it on my to-do list.

>Write up and seal an official note for Thaark declaring that he's your agent and have it delivered to him.
Done… I think… on another note, I really need to work on my handwriting… and spelling…
>Next write a note to the sultan asking her what would make Eliraz feel better after today and if she could write that up and have it sent to you. Also add that we have some things we need to tell her and ask if she could schedule Thaark in for a short audience so we can.
Done and done…
>we'll get Thaark up to the palace with Thuul to check in on their buddy Theen. Then Thaark can have a talk with Tera, followed by a visit to Durach's son so we can have a chat with him, and finally meet with the sultan.
Sounds like a plan… wow, you guys are great at structuring a schedule! I’m almost done already!

>Jer, you head to the Academy and check out Varius' office before starting training.
:JerichoRUSTED: (Let’s go! …and I just realized I have no idea where the academy is…)
:MagusRUST: Hey, Jerry, my man! Ha, just like the letter said!
:JerichoRUSTED: Huh? Letter?
:MagusRUST: Yea, I got this package in the mail this morning. It had this really weird letter telling me to meet a purple clad mummy right here on the square and give it to him… oh, and that I should keep the dried apricots for myself that came with it. Oh, hey, I was supposed to train you today, right?
:JerichoRUSTED: Err… yes?
:MagusRUST: Right, let’s get started right away. Make a small flame… and encase it in some un-melting ice.
:JerichoRUSTED: Um… should I really cast both magic in the open like this and… start right away?
:MagusRUST: Don’t worry, you’re with us now. Just do the magic… and keep it floating around you… lower your arm… just imagine that you have your arm outstretched and… just keep it floating.
:JerichoRUSTED: …and now?
:MagusRUST: Keep it floating for as long as you can. In an hour or two you’ll start getting a headache.
:JerichoRUSTED: Right… so keep it going until I get an headache.
:MagusRUST: …and then take half an hour break and start over. Keep doing this until dinner and you’ll be done with you training for today. Now… I believe they are selling some really good chocolate dipped bugs somewhere around here…
:JerichoRUSTED: …keep it floating… imagine you’re guiding it with your hand and… wait, what was I doing? Oh, right! The package!
:MagusRUST: Hmmm? Wops, completely slipped my mind, Jerry… here.
:JerichoRUSTED: …thank you… hmm, there’s a not note here: “Dear Erthil Trustgiver, do exactly what this letter says or you’ll get cursed for stealing this package and wallet from that dwarf.” …and then there’s a bunch of instruction about sending this to the Magus and the wallet back to Ilbir… “PS: Keep the coin that’s left over… go two streets to the right and find the human selling a jewel shaped like a insect, your girlfriend would like that.”
:MagusRUST: Yea, yea, that was probably directed to whoever had the package before us. Now open it up, man.
:JerichoRUSTED: …another letter and… dried apricots?
:MagusRUST: Oh! Those are mine!
:JerichoRUSTED: “Dear Jericho, three stones. One is close to your heart, the other in the hand of your ancestor Elitrin, last one is three doves east of the city. XOXO A friend”… “PS: Yes, I need to be cryptic! Other people is reading this too, you know… sheez, once upon a time we oracles was respected for our cryptic messages but now? Kids today…”
:MagusRUST: …right, that was weird. Anyway, keep that magic going and I’ll see you later… I got bugs covered in chocolate to find… hmm… maybe I should find some “bigger” bugs covered in chocolate tonight~

Insert Welp, that’s a club I want to visit…_
>>
No. 562765 ID: d315b1

>>562744
Hopefully "Elitrin" is just referring to the statue in the courtyard, and not his actual body. The stone on the end of the statue's staff is about the right size to hide a keystone. Otherwise, time to head on down to the crypts.

As for the other hint... I'm not sure what exactly a Dove is (you people and your birds!) so we'll have to investigate that later.
>>
No. 562766 ID: d0e0a2

That's some top notch oracling right there! If we knew where the Sky Watcher tribe was I'd say send the elder a gift basket. Perhaps one of Ilbir's flying ones.

Well, this kind of training certainly frees up your schedule. I was expecting something more high-impact like yesterday. Lets continue on to the Academy.

I do worry you about your ability to keep concentration on your magic while reading, 'cause there's going to be a lot of reading once we reach the Academy. May as well check right now by looking in your book of prophecy for any new entries.

You ever try chocolate before, Jer? If not then you ought to, as well as white chocolate. Buy a bit of each before leaving the market. Maybe get a bag of those chocolate dipped bugs the magus was talking about if you can spot the stall selling them.

Now for the cryptic message. "One close to your heart" appears obvious; You've got two key stones next to it right now. However, it may refer to the heart the temple removed while turning you into a mummy. We'll have to find out where they disposed of it. Other than that possibility I have no clue.

"In the hand of your ancestor Elitrin" is also obvious, though Sultan Elitrin was technically cousin to your ancestor, Esiros. There's two possibilities I see here. One is the statue of Elitrin in the palace courtyard. It's holding a staff with a knob on the end that could be a disguised key stone. The other, more likely one, is that it's with Elitrin's remains in the royal crypt. We can have Thaark take a look at the statue and you can check Elitrin's tomb when you visit the crypt.

"Three doves east of the city" is not so obvious, but I think it refers to what Thaark said shortly after you first met him: "Our prices are as low as three doves a day!" Unfortunately how far east from the city that is is unclear. It could mean a day's travel to the east, but that's variable based on the kind of transport. It might mean how far a caravan would take you for three doves, or the width of three dove coins placed edge to edge on a map. All I'd suggest right now is getting a map of Serath Desert and seeing what lies in a narrow band to the east of the city.
>>
No. 562788 ID: a87e3a

>>562744
Okay, so to start you're doing endurance training. That's a good idea. I thought the purpose of this was to keep your emotions from affecting your magic, though. Ask him if he's got advice for that or if that comes with the extra magical endurance.

>>562766
I see what you're trying to pull with that white chocolate, but I doubt the kind they sell here will keep for 9 months. Better just make sure we get a package of it when the eventual trip over the sea happens.
>>
No. 562814 ID: 9ddf68

yeah well the oracles in the past only pointed they way once and were never heard form again for the rest of the quest, having some guy in a mask watch you like a warden watches a prisoner and keeping useful information from us is simply manipulation.

But yeah close to your heart, don't we have a key stone in Jericho's cavity we had him put in so we could hide the key stone in him so no one could steal it? hand of your ancestor Elitrin, yeah the statue or the crypt. three doves east of the city is there some kind of caravan service or something that people pay to get from one city to another, cause if so maybe it means a city that would cost 3 doves to get to, if not then fuck if I know, we can worry about it after we get some crap off of our todo list.
>>
No. 562815 ID: 4a75fa

>letter
Written by someone with knowledge of the future. They manipulated everyone else who would read it into getting it to you.

Now that's organizing a schedule!
>>
No. 562850 ID: 549d6c
File 139256320180.png - (28.58KB , 900x450 , 9.png )
562850

>May as well check right now by looking in your book of prophecy for any new entries.
“The broken one meets the one of light that will guide him up the stairway to the heavens.”
“The apprentice reads the book of the futures past, finding his own name as the many comes to speak.”
“A spear gifted in the future descents in the past to cleave the darkness.”
...oh, and speaking of stones, remember what Esiros “journal” said about them? “He gave one to the stone that will start the avalanche to come and one to the proof of existence, sculpted in the past”?
>"One close to your heart" appears obvious; You've got two key stones next to it right now.
But why would they even mention it if I already had it? I mean, I’m pretty sure they want me to find another stone, not the ones that I’ve already collected…
>It may refer to the heart the temple removed while turning you into a mummy.
I’m pretty sure that was burned and used as fertilizer or something…
>Hopefully "Elitrin" is just referring to the statue in the courtyard, and not his actual body.
Hmm... “one to the proof of existence, sculpted in the past”? Well, a statue is sculpted… and it’s a proof that he existed…
> "Three doves east of the city".
…yea, I have no idea what that means… I don’t get how three coins can measure a distance…

>You ever try chocolate before, Jer? If not then you ought to, as well as white chocolate.
Of course I haven’t… but I’m rich now so… maybe I should buy some for the Magus too… going by his horizontal stature he probably loves the stuff.
> I see what you're trying to pull with that white chocolate, but I doubt the kind they sell here will keep for 9 months. Better just make sure we get a package of it when the eventual trip over the sea happens.
…huh?
>You're doing endurance training. That's a good idea. I thought the purpose of this was to keep your emotions from affecting your magic, though.
:MagusRUST: It’s not just endurance training. You’re not going to just sit still looking into a wall, are you?
>Lets continue on to the Academy.
:JerichoRUSTED: Can you tell me where the Academy is?
:MagusRUST: Of course, just follow me!



:MagusRUST: And here we go, Varius office. You’re lucky you’re royalty, otherwise they would never have let you in there.
:JerichoRUSTED: Aren’t you coming?
:MagusRUST: Hell no, that place is creepy! But thanks for the chocolate! Bye… oh, and remember to keep that ice ball thing alive… smell you later, Jerry.
:JerichoRUSTED: …right, I’m here… and it is rather creepy, isn’t it?

Insert …yeah, Varius is definitely evil… I mean, just look at that lab!_
>>
No. 562851 ID: 37aa84

Let's climb the ladder and pull out your light crystal in case anything is hiding up in that darkened loft than check the two giant cylinder's after.
>>
No. 562867 ID: 9ddf68

well other then a poster of a masked guy I'm not seeing anything that stands out to much. Lets look around first before we try to see what's in those tubes or ransack his desk, might be something here that could be useful that was hidden so people wouldn't stumble across it.
>>
No. 562877 ID: 4a75fa

Peer in those two big tube things. Maybe check the book he left on the table? That one's more likely to be important. What's the writing all over the wall?

You appear to have let your fire / ice ball gone out.
>>
No. 562878 ID: 549d6c
File 139257242239.png - (26.21KB , 900x450 , 10.png )
562878

>You appear to have let your fire / ice ball gone out.
No, it’s still there… it’s just not casting a lot of light when I’m not concentrating on it.
>Let's climb the ladder and pull out your light crystal in case anything is hiding up in that darkened loft.
Just a bunch of boxes… and blood? Old dried blood…
>Peer in those two big tube things.
Hmm… I think… I think I can see people in there? Two of them! Wriggling in pain!? WHAT KIND OF LAB IS THIS!?
>Maybe check the book he left on the table?
…it’s a book on poetry? The hell?
>What's the writing all over the wall?
It’s… hmm… most of it seems to be nonsense to anyone sane but… there is a picture of the masked man there with “Who is he? What does he want!?” and “Terror, Torment, Tyrant!” written on it. Some other things to note: “One in the mountains, one in the jungle, one in the old city of brass, one in endless fields.”, “They are all the same!”, “Note to self: look into getting a stable blood supply so you can start writing all your notes in blood. That would be wicked.”, “To call them: Light candle, call them by name in the old tongue, offer them something they like, the emotion they represent must be present. Just remember, they aren’t the only one listening.” and “Remember: Buy milk, bread, bananas, some of those delicious dried apricots and more cattle to experiment on in the tubes.”

Insert Suddenly puzzle_
>>
No. 562881 ID: 9ddf68

check blood boxes?

well unless he has something in his shelves the only thing we really got out of this was where he is going and unless we're going to be pulled into the jungle, city of brass, or the endless fields like we were with the mountain don't think we can really follow him much either.
>>
No. 562888 ID: eb10ea

Check that book on the desk, for any ways to free the wriggly people, and check out that neon blue thing behind you.
>>
No. 562890 ID: d0e0a2

I think I see something wedged between the crate behind you and the wall, so check that out. It might be a piece of paper.

Take a look in the boxes for a possible source of the blood. If there isn't an obvious source then I don't know how we could find out where it came from. It may have come from Varius' apprentice, but there's no way to test that that I know of. Maybe the Magus knows of a magic way to see if dried blood came from a particular corpse.

Hey, the human in the picture to the upper right of the mantis one has a hairstyle like Horus, and what looks like gray clothes, same as him. That deserves closer inspection. Jer, you think you could form a wedge shape out of that sphere of ice, float it over and push it behind the obscuring papers to knock them away from in front of the picture? Otherwise you're gonna have to get a pole or ladder to do so. In fact, Varius might have one in here, since he had to have a way to get those papers up there in the first place.

Prop the door open to get a bit of fresh air in here, since it has to be horribly stuffy by now, what with all the alchemical fumes and suchlike. Take a peek behind the bookcases as well while you're down there to see if anything is hidden back there.

It's probable the people in the tubes are undead, what with Varius being a necromancer and all, but they could be alive for all we know. However, we're going to need some assistance in draining a tank enough to check. That fluid is probably dangerous so we'll need equipment to siphon it safely out and store it. We better go track down the Magus and ask him about that.
>>
No. 562893 ID: 549d6c
File 139257966881.png - (19.13KB , 900x450 , 11.png )
562893

>Check out that neon blue thing behind you.
That’s just my light crystal. I put it there to make sure the whole room was lighted up.
>Take a look in the boxes for a possible source of the blood.
…there are bottles of blood in one of the boxes? I guess that were the leak came from…
>Hey, the human in the picture to the upper right of the mantis one has a hairstyle like Horus, and what looks like gray clothes, same as him.
Wait, let me just use some ice magic and… you’re right, it’s Horus… and it says “Slaver or slave? Good guy or bad guy?”.
>Check that book on the desk for any ways to free the wriggly people.
It’s just a book of poetry… wait, there’s a note stuck in it… “Nickname: The blood god, real name...” Err… something written in some language I can understand… ugh, it looks like the text is almost moving by itself… anyway, “Likes: Blood, poetry. Emotion: Pain. Light the candle, call out...” err… “Ghar’ke Kakcha (the real name) and offer him some poetry and blood. Make sure the cattle is feeling pain and he’ll come. Initiating first test…” “First test was a success… I need to go further… I need… I need to venture up the mountains… he sings…” …this is starting to sound bad…

>We're going to need some assistance in draining the tanks. That fluid is probably dangerous so we'll need equipment to siphon it safely out and store it. We better go track down the Magus and ask him about that.
Right… I just need to find the Magus somewhere in this giant building… whelp, let’s ge-
:UnknownKAK: OH! I’m sorry! I didn’t… I’ll see myself out at once!
:JerichoRUSTED: …who are you?
:UnknownKAK: I’m… err… I’m nobody really… I… I just took the wrong room, that’s all… sorry sir.
:JerichoRUSTED: …I demand that you tell me who you are… err… with the authority of… the royal family?
:UnknownKAK: …Um… I’m just a student, sir… working on my thesis… it’s about Daemons and… I just wanted to see if I should borrow some notes and books from master Varius while he was away, sir… please don’t tell anyone…

Insert Don’t trust him! He clearly got a roll of toilet paper with him, the knave!_
>>
No. 562895 ID: 9ddf68

hmm... tell you what kid, we're also doing some research into deamons as well, but unfortunately Varius is on a trip across the sea so we're being forced to search threw his notes in hopes of finding something relevant, if you would help us we'd probably be so grateful that we'd completely forget we ever saw anyone in here, and if we never saw anyone how'd we know if someone has borrowed some of his research papers.

Also, like pain, blood, and poetry... am I the only one that thinks this guy is starting to sound like pride? what with his weird ass fetishes. That or that one asshole that was making him evil, after all the "singing" sounds way to familiar for my liking.
>>
No. 562896 ID: 37aa84

Ask if he is really here to borrow the notes or if he's experiment sitting whatever is in those tubes.
>>
No. 562899 ID: eb10ea

Maybe he can help us. We have good reason to believe Varius has gone from 'eccentric' to 'mad', so we'll need as much help digging through this mess as we can. If the kid no use deciphering the wall of crazy up there, send him to get the magnus.
>>
No. 562903 ID: a181d1

Actually...Let's keep the kid AWAY from the crazy. When Text is moving and things like that? That's a sign you're not mad enough to understand, or rather, you're not mad enough to read it and then think it's a GOOD idea to go through with it.
But regardless, I'm thinking mister 'Singer' here slipped Varius the idea to write notes in blood so that his research could do the 'moving text' thing, that would allow him to increase his influence on the guy until he was corrupted. It's how the Cultists spread Corruption to us back in the future-letting them talk to us was bad news.
>>
No. 562906 ID: 4a75fa

Wait, if he's been researching this subject, he has knowledge that is useful to us. Congratulations, your thesis just went from theory to relevant.
>>
No. 562909 ID: a87e3a

>>562893
Tell her it might be a bad idea to do that considering Varius was not of sound mind from what you've seen of his notes. He actually summoned a Demon for chrissakes.

But ask her if he knows what these tubes are and who's in them, maybe she can help us release whoever's inside? Or knows someone who has the expertise to do so?
>>
No. 562922 ID: 549d6c
File 139258629459.png - (19.15KB , 900x450 , 12.png )
562922

>Congratulations, your thesis just went from theory to relevant.
:UnknownKAK: Huh? Why is it relevant? The whole demon invasion was ages ago.
:JerichoRUSTED: Well, I do know for a fact that there is a cult here worshipping someone called the dark one.
:UnknownKAK: Dark one? Oh, I know him… I think. He was one of the Daemons who tried invading us in the ancient times. Hmm… I do believe he was the one who kept going off course to hunt down people who kept servants and thralls for some reason…
>Varius has gone from 'eccentric' to 'mad'.
:UnknownKAK: Oh, no, he’s always been a bit… not all there…
>Ask if he is really here to borrow the notes or if he's experiment sitting whatever is in those tubes.
:UnknownKAK: Huh? What in the… are those… they are undead but… they… gods, this isn’t right. This isn’t right at all! I need to report this to… err… you need to report this to someone in charge here at once! This is quite clearly breaking the rules of the academy!
>maybe she can help us release whoever's inside? Or knows someone who has the expertise to do so?
:UnknownKAK: Um… I’ve never seen a tube like this… I have no idea how to operate it.
>He actually summoned a Demon for Christ sakes.
:UnknownKAK: Daemon… with an A! They aren’t your religious boogie men, you know. They aren’t all evil, they are just… they got a weird morality, that’s all, what with them being immortal and experiencing time in some weird nonlinear fashion. I mean, some of them even joined our side when most of them invaded in ancient times… without their help we wouldn’t stand a chance! In fact, see that guy up there with the mask? He was one of most prominent allies to us at that time… Gatekeeper they used to call him… or jailor… or, as someone jokily called him, “Bob”. Wait, did you say he summoned one!? That’s clearly against regulations! …and a very bad idea! You don’t summon one of those things unless you know what you’re dealing with! Now, changing the subject… err… you don’t happen to know how he did it, do you? I would easily get a dragon mark if I included that in my thesis… Oh, and you were right, Varius is bonkers. You probably should talk to someone about this… err… someone that isn’t a student that shouldn’t be here…

Insert Summon a demon to get better grades? Deal!_
>>
No. 562935 ID: a87e3a

>>562922
Wait what. That describes us. We're Daemons! Finally, we know our true nature! Or maybe we're the souls of Daemons? Wait, maybe I'm jumping to conclusions. Ask how some Daemons helped them in the war. What did they do, and what did they look like?

On the other hand if the Dark One is a Daemon too, how did he do that weird shit that wiped out the entire town? Was that a Demon masquerading as a Daemon? Or was that a specific Daemon that has that kind of power, unlike others?

Oh, ask about the whole "emotion they represent" thing. Does he know any specifics on which emotions apply to which Daemons?
>>
No. 562943 ID: d0e0a2

No, we are not going tell him how Varius did it; It's too damn easy to do if you know how. The last thing we need is more people without a lick of sense knowing how to summon the Blood God. We're gonna keep the notes on that locked up and only share them with extreme care.

Speaking of the Blood God, ask him what he knows of him. How did the Blood God behave in the ancient daemon invasion? What's he known for?

Ask if he knows of a daemon who appears as a humanoid in the middle of a brilliant aura of light and goes by the name "Steve." Has the ability to stop time in a localized area and possibly has the ability to grant flashes of brilliant ideas to people in their dreams.

Tell him what we saw happen to the Keer city of Then’dranil and ask if that's in line with what he knows of the Dark One. In case you don't know what happened, Jer, a cultist used his dying breaths to offer up his life to summon a Daemon. Then a gout of darkness shot out from his corpse and snuffed the lights in the city. When investigated it was found that all life in the city was gone, down to the smallest insect, and the cultist's long dead corpse was smack in the middle of it, yet hardly any time had passed in the city. When observed the corpse showed the illusion of a piece of jewelry that kept shifting, with no two observers seeing the same thing.

Ask if he knows of that new necromantic reattachment and reanimation technique Varius was working on; The one that can attach parts from another person. I know Tera was very interested in that after Thaark told her Varius used it to perform his sex change. Is that knowledge lost with Varius? 'Cause if so then Tera is gonna be bummed she missed out on it.

I think the lightning arcing from tank to tank is part of what is causing the undead pain. Empty out that glass flask on the table into the test tubes on the shelve, then slip the flask over the pole on the tank. Glass doesn't conduct lightning so that'll block it.

Now, we're gonna be taking this directly to the Archmage and the senior faculty, and this guy is coming along. It'll be better for him in the long run because there's going to be a full, in-depth inquiry and covering up his presence will be very bad. Jer, put in a good word for him for his help here and see that he isn't reprimanded.
>>
No. 562949 ID: 4a75fa

Thank the student for his help, escort him out, and lock the door behind you.

We're going to need some assistance taking that room apart, I think. Get some more experienced mages in there, who can be trusted not to just go mad with power and abuse whatever's there.
>>
No. 562952 ID: eb10ea

Tell him to run and get the magnus. If he doesn't want the magnus to know he entered when/if he wasn't supposed to, just make up a story where you stuck your head in the hall and called him over. Try not to muck with anything until the professionals show up.
>>
No. 563084 ID: 549d6c
File 139265291578.png - (19.73KB , 900x450 , 13.png )
563084

>I think the lightning arcing from tank to tank is part of what is causing the undead pain. Empty out that glass flask on the table into the test tubes on the shelve, then slip the flask over the pole on the tank.
…at least they stopped wriggling… but they haven’t stopped scratching at the glass…

>Ask how some Daemons helped them in the war. What did they do, and what did they look like?
:UnknownKAK: Um… well… they mostly guided them and gave them supplies… there was that masked guy for example, he helped us build the seals that would end the war… and then there was this guy made of light that entered people dreams to give them knowledge and… other things…
>Ask if he knows of a daemon who appears as a humanoid in the middle of a brilliant aura of light and goes by the name "Steve."
:UnknownKAK: That’s the one… except I’m pretty sure he isn’t called Steven… just as the masked man isn’t probably called bob…
>Tell him what we saw happen to the Keer city of Then’dranil and ask if that's in line with what he knows of the Dark One.
:UnknownKAK: Huh? That’s… are you sure they killed them all? I mean… I know they can manipulate the world to an extent but killing of a whole city? …maybe they did something else?
>Was that a Demon masquerading as a Daemon?
:UnknownKAK: For the last time, demons doesn’t exist!
>Speaking of the Blood God, ask him what he knows of him. How did the Blood God behave in the ancient daemon invasion? What's he known for?
:UnknownKAK: Um… let me check my notes… err… he tried to raise an undead army and… um… create something called “harvesters”… according to the masked man he failed because he don’t understand this world completely… he would need someone who was an expert in necromancy to create something like that, apparently…
>Ask about the whole "emotion they represent" thing. Does he know any specifics on which emotions apply to which Daemons?
:UnknownKAK: The emotion they represent is really more like their favorite emotion to… um… “eat”… let’s see… blood is pain… dark one is hope… err… I think masked man’s was something like anger or… something…
>Ask if he knows of that new necromantic reattachment and reanimation technique Varius was working on; The one that can attach parts from another person.
:UnknownKAK: Oh, that… yea, he’s already sent in his notes on that… They have apparently already been able to replicate his findings.

>Thank the student for his help, escort him out, and lock the door behind you. We're going to need some assistance taking that room apart, I think.
:UnknownKAK: No problem, glad to be of help and all that… now, let’s get out of here… this place is starting to cree-
*Crash!*
:UnknownKAK: Holy sh- WHAT IS THAT!?
:UnBrokenUNB: Scratch scratch…

Insert Box expectancies_
>>
No. 563088 ID: acfe32

It looks like another Wraith but this one can be seen as something other than a reflection. It may be a Wraith possessing a corpse. We need some backup but we can't just abandon you here with this thing. Let's message Player Pink that there is a wraith in Varius' office. Ask the student if there is a simple way to get the building evacuated, I'm sure they won't mind us pulling the fire alarm or what have they if a wraith is about.
>>
No. 563093 ID: d0e0a2

...How the fuck did you miss that thing, Jer?! Oh, wait, you didn't check all the boxes. Probably for the best, since if you had you would have been within within "horrible dismemberment" range.

The glass in one of the tanks looks like it's starting to crack, and with the weight of the fluid it'll shatter any second now. The both of you ought to get up on the table right away, 'cause that fluid is probably nasty stuff.

This could be more wraith mind-fuckery like we saw back in the palace. The undead in the tanks might be wraith possessed, or corpses possessed by wraiths, and capping the lightning off brought their focus back to here. So pull the glass flask off the tank pole and hopefully get the lightning flowing again.

If that doesn't do it, then you're gonna have to resort to blasting the monster with magic. I suggest ice magic since you can thaw and recover from that if you lose control, unlike with fire magic.

Launch your ice-fire globe at the monster to get rid of it, then focus on slowing every particle of its being to a stop. That'll aim your magic. Then pull your magic damper off for a split second to dump the full force of your magic on the beast.
>>
No. 563097 ID: 9ddf68

if that's a wraith then the only bodies we know of are in those tubes and it looks like one is trying to brake out

Also (needed a skilled necromancer)(Varius is one of the best if not the best necromancer of our time)... god fucking damnit might as well message pink this news and hope she can do something about it later... and maybe to send guards our way if she thinks they can help

As for what to do... If this is a wraith then watch out these things attack you mentally via illusions so if you notice anything off about the world you're in chance are you're in a illusion. so other then run like a bitch the only things I can think of that might help would to be to burn/freeze everything or finish off those undead bodies.
>>
No. 563101 ID: a87e3a

>>563084
It's possible that the inhabitants of the city were teleported rather than killed...

Oh by the way the "harvesters" sound like Wraiths. Like this one. You could light it on fire? Or maybe it's time for us to try out our [SPEAR!]
>>
No. 563106 ID: 549d6c
File 139266307595.png - (19.88KB , 900x450 , 14.png )
563106

>Also (needed a skilled necromancer)(Varius is one of the best if not the best necromancer of our time)... god fucking damnit might as well message pink this news and hope she can do something about it later...
[Message sent!]
>maybe it's time for us to try out our [SPEAR!]
…what spear? I don’t have a spear?

>Ask the student if there is a simple way to get the building evacuated.
:UnknownKAK: Screw the building, how are we supposed to get by that thing!?!?
>The only things I can think of that might help would to be to burn/freeze everything.
I’m standing in the middle of a room filled with fumes and liquids that have a large chance of being flammable. Let’s not start throwing around fire without reason.
>This could be more wraith mind-fuckery like we saw back in the palace. The undead in the tanks might be wraith possessed, or corpses possessed by wraiths, and capping the lightning off brought their focus back to here.
Oh… more illusions… weren’t the first time enough!? Wait… why is that lightning still arcing between the poles? Didn’t I stop that with the glass bottle?
>So pull the glass flask off the tank pole and hopefully get the lightning flowing again.
:UnBrokenUNB: What can the harvest hope for but a swi- wait, don’t touch tha-
:JerichoRUSTED: -and the undead start wriggling in pain again and the illusion fades… a bit of a letdown, if you ask me.
:UnknownKAK: Die monster! You don’t belong in this world!
:JerichoRUSTED: Please don’t tell me you just lit the bookcases on fire?
:UnknownKAK: There was a monster there! Didn’t you see it!? Err… is it just me or are that fire spreading awfully fast? …and do you hear something boiling?
:UnBrokenUNB: Scratch scratch…

Insert but the care of the reaper man?_
>>
No. 563110 ID: 606aa1

for now, let's focus on chilling the fire, and that this student doesn't lose it-we need the information he has, it'd suck if he was silenced too.
>>
No. 563112 ID: 9ddf68

the sound of a wraith about to come out for real and not just a mere illusion this time and you just block the only exit by a wall of flames... Jer ice magic if you can please and then let get the hell out of here.
>>
No. 563113 ID: acfe32

I wonder what kind of volatile liquids may be in those boxes probably should stop the fire quickly.
>>
No. 563118 ID: d315b1

>>563106
Freeze the flames, drag the student out of there, lock the door, and alert everybody that there's a wraith.
>>
No. 563138 ID: 549d6c
File 139266776465.png - (24.56KB , 900x450 , 15.png )
563138

>For now, let's focus on chilling the fire.
Right… I’ll try to get it under control…
>I wonder what kind of volatile liquids may be in those boxes probably should stop the fire quickly.
:UnknownKAK: Hey… now I recognize that smell… and the boiling sound…
:JerichoRUSTED: …let me guess, it’s something very flammable that’s about to blow up?
:UnknownKAK: How did you know!?
>Protect the student -we need the information she has, it'd suck if he was silenced too.
:JerichoRUSTED: GET DO-
*KABLAMMO!!*
:JerichoRUSTED: -Off… ugh… I had to use all my magic to just keep the flames away but at least we’re alive, right?
:UnknownKAK:
:JerichoRUSTED: …of course, how did I not see that coming… and now, everything somehow gets worse than it alrea-
>The sound of a wraith about to come out for real…
*Clirr!*
:UnBrokenUNB: HERE’S JOHNNY!!
:JerichoRUSTED: …who’s Johnny?
:UnBrokenUNB: Give up, cattle, you’ve already lost. There is no hope for yo-
>>
No. 563139 ID: 549d6c
File 139266778169.png - (27.52KB , 900x450 , 16.png )
563139

>[SPEAR!]
:UnBrokenUNB: *Blarg!*
*Ominous Latin Chanting!*
*Church Organ Music!*

:JerichoRUSTED: …WHAT… THE… FUCK DID JUST HAPPEN!? …oh, right, and I’m slowly burning to death… almost forgot about that…

Insert Suddenly spear, suddenly spear… next time increase your drawing distance_
>>
No. 563148 ID: 9ddf68

well grab spear as I thinks it's going to be very helpful in the near future. Also I'm noticing a little bubble of light in front of your face so there's that. But as for the flames... Just do what your where doing with the iceball flame. Just focus on keeping the ice shield up and since we're in the middle of a fucking school I'm sure someone had to here that explosion. So just focus on keeping the ice bubble around you and the student for now.
>>
No. 563149 ID: a87e3a

>>563139
HA! Now I wonder if we can [retrieve the Spear] or if you've gotta carry it around from here on.

Anyway just focus on putting out the fires. Start from the bottom up.
>>
No. 563155 ID: d0e0a2

That would be the precision delivery from nine months hence of one Spear of Light, a gift to us courtesy of Steve, God of Light. I was wondering when it'd finally arrive.

[Message to Pink: Tell Artemis to grab fire fighting equipment and get to Varius' office in the Academy NOW. Jericho and a student are trapped in there by a raging inferno. They're protected by a sphere of ice magic Jericho made, but we don't now how long it'll last. Also tell her to alert the Academy that Lord Jericho is in danger to get their assistance.]

If that Spear of Light is an actual physical object, I'd suggest taking it, then stab it through the other tank to destroy its occupant. The lightning appears to be out on the tanks, so expect more wraith illusions. Pocket the book of poetry with Varius' note in it as well.

If you have control of the position and size of the ice sphere, shrink it down to just you and the student and start moving it towards the door while dragging the guy with you.

But if you can't move the sphere, then all I can say is pull the student to the center of it and hunker down. We sent a message to Pink to send Artemis here to save you and alert the Academy fire response team on the way. Hopefully she'll be in time.
>>
No. 563164 ID: 549d6c
File 139267434462.png - (24.68KB , 900x450 , 17.png )
563164

>That would be the precision delivery from nine months hence of one Spear of Light, a gift to us courtesy of Steve, God of Light. I was wondering when it'd finally arrive.
…I’m just going to pretend whatever you just said made sense. Yay, a spear, I guess?
>If that Spear of Light is an actual physical object, I'd suggest taking it, then stab it through the other tank to destroy its occupant.
That’s one less undead around.
>Pocket the book of poetry with Varius' note in it as well.
The note is important, yes, but the book… I’m not really a fan of poetry…
>Anyway just focus on putting out the fires. Start from the bottom up.
If I do any more magic the one thing keeping us from becoming grilled meat disappears and let me tell you… I’ll probably taste horrible grilled.

>[Message to Pin-
:ArtemisRUST: HI GUYS! Hey guess what!? I’ve read a bunch about those d man’s and I-
:JerichoRUSTED: Artemis!
:ArtemisRUST: Oh, right… hello… err… wow, it’s hot in here? …wait, is this one of those saunas? I’ve read about those! You’re supposed to only wear a towel, silly jer! …and girls and boys aren’t supposed to be in the same sauna either! I better leave!
:JerichoRUSTED: ARTEMIS!!
:ArtemisRUST: Huh?
:JerichoRUSTED: Fire! Put it out!
:ArtemisRUST: …put if I put it outside it will start a fire there too…
:JerichoRUSTED: …you got to be messing with me, right? You can’t get stupider every time we meet…

Insert Clearly, she’s losing brain cells just being close to you, Jer_
>>
No. 563167 ID: a87e3a

>>563164
Tell her to extinguish the fires.

I wonder if golems have a limited amount of headspace for understanding things. Might want to figure out what she's learned that's useless and tell her to forget it so she can learn more important things.
>>
No. 563186 ID: 9ddf68

extingush the flames, make them disappear, Just get all of us out of here alive and untoasted.
>>
No. 563216 ID: d0e0a2

This fire has gone far beyond what Artemis could stamp out on her own, and her carting the burning material out will just end up setting the hall and the rest of the building on fire. We're gonna need more help than her to deal with this. You also don't want her getting near your magic ice bubble. She's a magic sink so one touch and it'll pop.

Tell Artemis to listen very carefully to the directions you're about to tell her. She's to run to the room below this one, repeatedly shouting the entire way that there's a raging fire in Varius' lab and that Lord Jericho is trapped in there and needs help. Once she gets to the room below, she's to knock a hole in its ceiling at a position nearest to the point in front of the tanks in this room.

If she can pull that off that'll allow you and the student to drop down and escape without Artemis touching your protective bubble. If she can't then it'll get the Academy to respond to the fire.

I'm wondering if a fire mage's ability to control and direct fire would mean they could pull the fire away from its combustion site, contain it and put the fire outside. Maybe all these fire mages in the Academy would actually not be worthless in fighting a fire.

>>563167
That's a possibility. Once Jer gets out of this mess he can find whoever is the expert on golems at the Academy and ask them about that. Or he could ask Artemis directly how much of her mind is filled and by what.
>>
No. 563230 ID: eb10ea

We're in deep shit aren't we. Now we only have the kid's word that there was heretical shit going on in here, and he might lie to save his own hide, or not remember entirely.

Could you try to burn up all the oxygen in the room?
>>
No. 563260 ID: d0e0a2

>>563230
Unfortunately removing all the oxygen from the room to smother the flames would asphyxiate the poor student. Besides, Jer's out of magic so he can't even try anything like that anyway.

Hey, Jer, try stabbing the floor with the spear to see if it has any magic power that'd blow a hole through it. It's a long shot but worth a try since it's easy to do.
>>
No. 563322 ID: 549d6c
File 139274330653.png - (17.81KB , 900x450 , 18.png )
563322

>Hey, Jer, try stabbing the floor with the spear to see if it has any magic power that'd blow a hole through it.
It’s doesn’t really do a lot more than what a normal spear would do… besides, I’m pretty sure I’m as far down as this building goes already.
>Ask Artemis directly how much of her mind is filled and by what.
:ArtemisRUST: Hmm… voice in head tells me I’m currently using up 78 0 line 0 of my head to compile everything about Daemons, war, sex, etiquette, fiction, ethics, porn, history, hard porn, historical hard porn and fetish porn… and it’s supposedly 65 0 line 0 done. Do you want me to use all of my head to help you instead?
:JerichoRUSTED: YES!
:ArtemisRUST: Oh, alright… FIRE! OH NO! JER IS BURNING ALIVE!
>Extinguish the flames, make them disappear, Just get all of us out of here alive and untoasted.
:ArtemisRUST: YES, FIRE WILL BE DEAFETED! Artemis got plan! You’ll see!
:JerichoRUSTED: Err… can’t you just get the Magus or so-
:ArtemisRUST: ARTeMIS got plan! Perfect plan!
>Maybe all these fire mages in the Academy would actually not be worthless in fighting a fire.
:ArtemisRUST: Fire mages fight fire with fire… thus Artemis can fight fire with fire!
:JerichoRUSTED: Wait, do-



:ThuulRUST: *Snore!*
:ThaarkRUST: …at times like this I wish we’d hired a room each instead of just one.
:TheenRUST: Hey, we’re saving almost three crows a day like this.
:ThaarkRUST: …but you can’t really bring a girl over here…
:TheenRUST: The girl that think you’re a bore?
:ThaarkRUST: I’ve overcome worse.
:TheenRUST: Yea… I don’t think dragging her to somewhere private and putting your D in her B repeatedly until stuff start coming out the other end will work this time… “boss”.
:ThaarkRUST: You know very well that it was more to it than that.
:TheenRUST: What I’m saying is that if you want her to become more than just a fuck buddy then you’ll have to work for it more… build a better foundation. …personally, I hope she becomes just another fuck buddy… we can have one of those share parties then…
:ThaarkRUST: …wait, when did you even come here, Theen? Aren’t you supposed to be in the hospital or something?
:TheenRUST: I’m not Theen. I’m your conscience taken form of someone you’ll listen to… and I’m here to tell you to not just put your D in her B! Be more romantic… exiting… funny! Girls usually loves your jokes… either because they got a terrible sense of humor or they are desperate to get your giant mantis D inside their B’s… or between their other B’s… or P…
:ThaarkRUST: …are you really my conscience?
:TheenRUST: Of course not! They didn’t want any freeloaders in the palace so they kicked me out. Apparently, with the medication they are feeding me I’m supposedly stable. I came here almost half an hour ago but you were moaning about Tera and humping your bed so I didn’t really want to wake you up.
:ThaarkRUST: Oh… Wait, why would I put my dictionary inside her box?
:TheenRUST: …please tell me you’re kidding?
:ThaarkRUST: My dictionary isn’t even that big! It’s the same size as any other male mantis, right?
:ThuulRUST: Mhng… are you two comparing dictionaries again? Didn’t Thaark already win that one?
:TheenRUST: He’s a freaking mantis, of course he’ll win…

Insert Give her the D inside a B with some W around it and a nice C telling her that you love her… and maybe some F too…_
>>
No. 563325 ID: acfe32

Hey guys, how are you for putting out fires? I'm not being figurative here, Artemis may be about ready to intensify a fire that Jer is sitting right in the middle of down at the academy.
>>
No. 563332 ID: d90d89

Don't worry I'm sure Jericho will be fine... the school... not so much I fear.

glad to see you three are still doing fine, so what happened since we last talked?
>>
No. 563335 ID: a87e3a

>>563322
Hi, Jericho's about to die. Could you go out and alert a guard that Jericho is trapped in a burning room in the Academy?
>>
No. 563336 ID: 76b151

*ding*

>>563325
what he said.
>>
No. 563340 ID: d0e0a2

Welp. Either Artemis will pull off something brilliant and save Jericho from the fire in Varius' lab or we won't be around for very much longer. Not enough time to get over there and do anything about it now, so may as well act like Jer was saved until we find out otherwise.

Up and at 'em! We got a bunch of things scheduled for you today. We've got checking in on that lizard guy you saved from the cultists so we can have a chat with him on the list. Then an audience with the sultan so we can inform her of what we saw on our cross-temporal trip. Then we have visiting Tera so she isn't bored while watching over Kranhon's recovery.

Check your mailbox or the front desk for a signed note from Jericho with the royal seal on it. It'll declare you his agent so you can move and operate with nearly his level of authority.

I know that Tera likes visiting the park because she likes listening to the birds there. If you want to be romantic that'd be a good place to start. Just try to avoid alcohol with her from now on. Romantic gestures are no good if can't remember them, after all.

Hey, you got any idea as to where "three doves east of the city" would be? Maybe ask Theen and Thuul about it. See, Jer got a letter from an oracle and that was one of the three cryptic directions.

Oh, do you remember Varius? He's the guy who performed your sex change operation. Turns out a bit afterwards he summoned and had a chat with "The Blood God," a daemon, went insane and is now en route to the Pillars of the Heavens to loose said daemon from its prison-ziggurat about a week from now. But the good news is, he submitted his attachment technique research to the Academy beforehand, so if you want to get anything else - such as an eye - put in, the Academy will oblige. Assuming it hasn't burnt down from whatever trick Artemis is pulling.
>>
No. 563343 ID: 549d6c
File 139275718078.png - (17.82KB , 900x450 , 19.png )
563343

>*ding*
:ThaarkRUST: *Ring-a-ding-ding!*
:ThuulRUST: Huh?
:ThaarkRUST: I got voices in my head.
:TheenRUST: Oh, that’s good to hear. Here I tough you’ve gone crazy.
>Hey guys, how are you for putting out fires? I'm not being figurative here, Artemis may be about ready to intensify a fire that Jer is sitting right in the middle of down at the academy.
The academy? That place has a fire like every day. It’s a school for fire mages, after all, they got to have some kind of system for that kind of stuff. Besides, it’s in the high city while we’re just in the middle part. Either the fire would be under control or that Jer fellow burned to ash when we get there… hopefully the former.
>Glad to see you three are still doing fine, so what happened since we last talked?
Err… slept? I guess?
>Oh, do you remember Varius? He’s gone nutters.
…yeah, he wasn’t really sane when he did this whole thing to me a year ago.
>I know that Tera likes visiting the park because she likes listening to the birds there. If you want to be romantic that'd be a good place to start.
Hmmm… she’s blind so… there isn’t a lot of entertainment she can experience… except… maybe I should take her to a musical with dinner and then to the park? That would be romantic, right?

>Hey, you got any idea as to where "three doves east of the city" would be? Maybe ask Theen and Thuul about it.
:TheenRUST: Do you mean the bird, the coin or something else?
:ThuulRUST: Hey guys… have you ever notice that the dove coin is smaller than a crown but still more valuable? Isn’t that kind of weird?
:TheenRUST: Well… three coins on a map, maybe? Of course… what map? They aren’t all the same size…
>Check your mailbox or the front desk for a signed note from Jericho with the royal seal on it. It'll declare you his agent so you can move and operate with nearly his level of authority.
*Knock*Knock*
:ThaarkRUST: Welcome to the Larvate brotherhood, cheap experienced swords for hi-
:GuardRUST: *Trumpet music!*
:GuardRUST: By order from his highness, his grace, duke of West Ul’dan, Lord Jericho Drah’kon the second, knight of the Serath army, lover of the prince, the antipode sorcerer supreme and mage apprentice…
:GuardRUST: *More trumpet music!*
:GuardRUST: …you are hereby, Thaark Larvate, officially named an agent to the royal throne with all perks and responsibilities that comes with it. Long live the sultan and the royal family! HAIL!
:GuardRUST: *Lonely trumpet solo!*
:ThaarkRUST: Err… thanks? But the… trumpets were a bit much…
:GuardRUST: *HONK!!*
>>
No. 563344 ID: 549d6c
File 139275719915.png - (15.47KB , 900x450 , 20.png )
563344

>Up and at 'em! We got a bunch of things scheduled for you today. We've got checking in on that lizard guy you saved from the cultists so we can have a chat with him on the list. Then an audience with the sultan so we can inform her of what we saw on our cross-temporal trip. Then we have visiting Tera so she isn't bored while watching over Kranhon's recovery.
:ThaarkRUST: Right, to the infirmity then.
:ThuulRUST: Actually, boss… I have some other matters to take care of…
:ThaarkRUST: Let me guess… mantis lady with nice legs?
:TheenRUST: Wait, everyone’s getting laid but me!? The hell!?
:ThaarkRUST: Well then… seems like I’m going alone.
:TheenRUST: No you’re not. Doc said I can walk around on my leg as long as I don’t jump or run or anything. So I’m coming with you…
:ThaarkRUST: …you’re not going with Thuul? Make it a threesome?
:TheenRUST: Yea… like that ever happen. Besides, it’s more fun to ruin things for you, isn’t it?
:ThaarkRUST: Glad I can always trust having you protecting my back.
:TheenRUST: Huh? Did you say something? I was busy polishing this dagger that weirdly enough has your name on it…



:TeraRUST: -on the wall… 132 bottles of beer! Take one down and pa-
:TheenRUST: -hink it was over here…
:ThaarkRUST: Look, there’s Tera!
:TeraRUST: Thaark? What are you- you know what, screw it. Just come here in your shining armor and save me from this horrible place, oh brave insect knight lady man… or at least, that’s what I would have said if my job didn’t require me to watch over this sleeping insect… you don’t happen to have a deck of cards on you?
:TheenRUST: …you’re blind?
:TeraRUST: I know, I just like to fling them around. So… you’re either desperate or lonely coming here at this hour… or both…
:ThaarkRUST: Actually, I came here to talk to the one we saved. Seeing you was just a bonus.
:TeraRUST: He’s over there… still sleeping… woop… 132 bottles of beer on the wall…. 132 bottles of beer!
:ThaarkRUST: Err…

Insert Don’t drink them all, Tera!_
>>
No. 563349 ID: 606aa1

Right. Dead things. Not living. Crappers how does this thing keep being a thing that happens!

Krannon done bugged out! mobilize the troops we got a runaway!
>>
No. 563351 ID: a87e3a

>>563344
Wait, did they seriously put a blind girl watching the patient without a guard on duty outside or something?

Let someone know there's an escapee. Ask Tera when's the last time she heard the captive make any noise at all. She's supposed to have good hearing, dammit!
>>
No. 563355 ID: 9ddf68

uh, are you sure you're watching the right room, cause there's no one here. On the bright side we now get to kill boredom by looking for the missing or misplace patents so there is a bit of a silver lining here.
>>
No. 563359 ID: 37aa84

What condition was the patient in last you checked? Would he be limited Physically in that state? Hopefully he hasn't been able to get too far in his condition.
>>
No. 563360 ID: dbe554

Time for a manhunt!
>>
No. 563361 ID: eb10ea

Don't worry Tera, shit's about to get exiting.

It shouldn't be that hard to find a lizard in tribal clothing that doesn't speak the language, right? On the other hand, it won't be that hard for some paranoid or bludgeon-happy guard to find him either. Better get moving.
>>
No. 563362 ID: d0e0a2

Thaark, add playing cards with raised ink to the list of things you could buy for Tera.

...Okay. Three possibilities as I see it: 1) Somebody is played a cruel joke on Tera, for which they deserve a punch to the face. 2) Tera went to the wrong room. 3) The patients were taken from the room without Tera knowing; Possible if she left and came back or dozed off at some point.

Tera, I hate to break the news to you, but both beds are empty. They don't even look like they were slept in, but that just might be our lousy vision. Feel them yourselves if you don't believe us.

So, if this turns out to be a cruel joke on you, would you prefer Thaark to punch whoever did it or for him to pin them down while you punch them?

We're gonna need to grab whoever is in charge of keeping track of the patients here and ask them where Kranhon and the captured lizard guy went. Also, the guards on this floor might know where the lizard went since they ought to have had a guard watching the room.

>>563343
...Looks like Vizier Reizn was the one Jericho gave the note to to deliver. Trust me when I say this pompous display definitely wasn't Jer's idea.
>>
No. 563494 ID: 549d6c
File 139282716067.png - (16.25KB , 900x450 , 21.png )
563494

>Thaark, add playing cards with raised ink to the list of things you could buy for Tera.
Hmm… of course, I probably going to need to teach her how to play... alone… just the two of us…
>...Looks like Vizier Reizn was the one Jericho gave the note to to deliver. Trust me when I say this pompous display definitely wasn't Jer's idea.
I’m pretty sure that’s the standard delivery speech for royalty.

>Wait, did they seriously put a blind girl watching the patient without a guard on duty outside or something?
:TeraRUST: Of course not. There’s a guard just outside the door, silly.
:ThaarkRUST: I didn’t see a guard!
:TheenRUST: There was one standing outside the bathroom further down the corridor.
>Tera, I hate to break the news to you, but both beds are empty.
:TeraRUST: Ha, stop kidding around. Of course they are still there!
>Ask Tera when's the last time she heard the captive make any noise at all. She's supposed to have good hearing, dammit!
:TeraRUST: Why, one of them snored a bit right before I took a na- napkin to… err…
:ThaarkRUST: You feel asleep, didn’t you?
:TeraRUST: Whaaat? Don’t be silly, of course not!
>So, if this turns out to be a cruel joke on you, would you prefer Thaark to punch whoever did it or for him to pin them down while you punch them?
:TeraRUST: Hey, you don’t go around punching people just like that! You play prank on them instead! That’s real revenge!
>What condition was the patient in last you checked?
:TeraRUST: Hey, don’t ask me, I’m just here to make sure the mantis doesn’t drown in his own tongue.
:TheenRUST: I think you mean blood…
:ThaarkRUST: No, she means tongue… I’ve almost choked on it myself once…

>Time for a manhunt!
:ThaarkRUST: Right, we got a savage on the lose somewhe-
:KranhonRUST: Oh? We have visitols? Wait… alen’t you those melcenalies Ilbil hiled?
:TheenRUST: Yes… and I’m pretty sure you didn’t talk like that last time we met.
:TeraRUST: He’s still not used to have his tongue back. Give it time.
:TheenRUST: Well, at least he doesn’t have to pee blood fo- Ow!
:ThaarkRUST: Wops, I slipped~
:RechoRUST: Tlal’na cal? Dula nad a ban tlal…
:KranhonRUST: Tkanla tall. He said he’s glateful that you saved him… oh, and thank you fol saving me too.
:TheenRUST: Hey, Ilbir already thanked us enough with his bonus.
:ThaarkRUST: A bit of gratitude have never hurt anyone, Theen.
:TeraRUST: Oh, right… where the fuck have you two been!? I’m supposed to keep watch over you guys!
:KranhonRUST: Err… we wele just in the bathloom? Lecho hele really needed to go numbel one so… and you wele sleeping so soundly and…
:ThaarkRUST: Wait, does the savage even know what a bathroom is?
:KranhonRUST: Well… plobably not… I’m pletty sule he did it in the flowelpot but at least he used the rilght loom.

Insert No need to water those then, I suppose_
>>
No. 563499 ID: 4a75fa

>Oh… more illusions… weren’t the first time enough!?
You have no idea how many times we've had to ask that.

>bathroom
Yeah, no worries, Terra. Your supervision doesn't extend that far.

>132 bottles of beer...
How high did you start?
>>
No. 563506 ID: e9e331

so if it's not to much of a problem, could we ask why our tribal friend here was being chased by a deamon cult?
>>
No. 563508 ID: a87e3a

>>563494
Oh, speaking of demon cults we found out it's Daemon and their powers are a bit overstated. The Daemon that got summoned on that town probably didn't kill everyone in the town. It did something else to cause them to disappear. My bet's on time displacement.

We might even be a Daemon. Daemons are immortal, experience time nonlinearly, and have a favorite emotion to "eat". We're hella nonlinear and... well, I think you can guess what emotion we're affiliated with!

Anyway, ask Recho if he knows of any way of getting in contact with his father or the other tribals. We are interested in an alliance against the incoming Daemon invasion.
>>
No. 563511 ID: d0e0a2

If nobody has told Recho what happened to Then’dranil after he passed out then fill him in on the whole thing. Then you can ask how and from where those daemon cultists got into the tribes' ranks.

Tell Recho not to ask how, but Durach knows that he is alive, well, and in Serath custody, as well as been warned about the daemon cultists.

The language barrier is going to be troublesome, even with Kranhon as translator, and some things we shouldn't share unless we can speak directly, so [check pawn eligibility of Recho]. If he's eligible and free then we can take him on board.

>>563508
We also found out the favorite emotion of the Dark One - the daemon we think was summoned at Then’dranil - is "hope." That's an emotion I suspect might be riding high in the tribals' minds right now.
>>
No. 563518 ID: 549d6c
File 139284203976.png - (16.29KB , 900x450 , 22.png )
563518

>How high did you start?
:TeraRUST: Four billion!
:TheenRUST: …how about no.
:TeraRUST: Fine… 335…
>Could we ask why our tribal friend here was being chased by a daemon cult?
:RechoRUST: *Unknown language…*
:KranhonRUST: Hmm… let’s see… I think he said… err… He didn’t know they were connected to… bad one? They chased him because he released some people they’d taken prlarlrall…
:ThaarkRUST: Prlrlr?
:KranhonRUST: Stupid tongue… wait, I think I got it… rrrrlll… rrrrr…. Rrr… there… prisoners. He freed some people they’d taken prisoners and were going to sell as slaves… and… um… something about the worshipping the bad one would explain why they were trying to sacrifice them instead of selling them.
>If nobody has told Recho what happened to Then’dranil after he passed out then fill him in on the whole thing.
:RechoRUST: *Speaking mumbo jumbo*
:KranhonRUST: Err… the bad one has made his… people bigger?
>Then you can ask how and from where those daemon cultists got into the tribes' ranks.
:RechoRUST: *Speaking out of his arse*
:KranhonRUST: He doesn’t know… they probably were tribes men before they started worshipping the bad one.
>Tell Recho not to ask how, but Durach knows that he is alive, well, and in Serath custody, as well as been warned about the daemon cultists.
:RechoRUST: *Sounds like someone having sex with a goat while on fire*
:KranhonRUST: “Thank you.”
:ThaarkRUST: …that sounded far too complex to be “Thank you”.
:KranhonRUST: Trust me, thank you is enough.
>Ask Recho if he knows of any way of getting in contact with his father or the other tribals. We are interested in an alliance against the incoming Daemon invasion.
:RechoRUST: *He’s speaking another language, alright?*
:KranhonRUST: Err… they have something… I don’t really know how to… I have no idea what he meant, really… something about spirit speaking to the mother?

>[check pawn eligibility of Recho]
[Recho currently belong to player blue!]

Insert What an interesting sounding language…_
>>
No. 563520 ID: e9e331

ah, same way we talk to them, invisible head voices that can jump from person to person. Seems we're not the only ones that have players on both sides. But just how many people does blue have and who? I also wonder if pink has players on both sides, I mean pink is very selective of who she lets us know is on her team and we have no idea who she'd have player under her banner on the tribal side.
>>
No. 563521 ID: a87e3a

>>563518
Ah! He's a pawn of the tribals' player. Tell Recho that if possible we would like to speak to his spirit. Guiding voice. Whatever he calls it... in a room with mirrors.
>>
No. 563523 ID: eb10ea

Huh. Recho's identified by name and not by title.

Should we try to contact blue directly? It could be faster.
>>
No. 563525 ID: a87e3a

Oh, maybe Pink would want to get in on this alliance stuff! Let's find the Princess. Also the Sultan, why not.
>>
No. 563526 ID: d0e0a2

Hey, the painting changed. There's a beam of light shooting up from the mountain peak now. That wouldn't happen to be a painting of the highest Pillar of the Heavens, would it? Because we saw a beam of light just like that one on that mountain nine months hence.
>>
No. 563600 ID: 549d6c
File 139291546353.png - (16.41KB , 900x450 , 23.png )
563600

>Hey, the painting changed. That wouldn't happen to be a painting of the highest Pillar of the Heavens, would it?
Err… I think it is? At least, that’s what it says on the painting.
>Should we try to contact blue directly? It could be faster.
[Message to blue sent!]
[Message from Blue: DIE SLAVER!]
[Blue has declared war on Teal! All blue pawns are now hostile to you!]
:RechoRUST: Grrr…
:ThaarkRUST: (…and I suddenly got one hell of an urge socking this Recho guy in the face… err… let’s get out of here before I start some diplomatic incident…)
:TheenRUST: Boss, wait, where are you-
:TeraRUST: See you later, big bug.

>Let's find the Sultan.
:GuardRUST: You may not pass!
:TheenRUST: See, I told you they don’t let just any old peasant see the Sultan.
:ThaarkRUST: I got this letter from lord Jericho.
:GuardRUST: Ah, in that case… you may still not pass. The Sultan is buys and won’t see anyone right now. Instead direct any matters you have to princess Elizah, her office is just down the hall to the right.
>Also the Princess, why not.
:UnknownKAK: -but it would make a large dent in our coffers, your majesty.
:ElizahRUST: Our coffers are one of the few thing we have which can take a bit of damage, Vizier. Besides, it will still be a lot cheaper than losing the tax and bread the peasants of the lower level provide in the long term.
:UnknownKAK: And knowing that their families are safe will increase the morale of the soldiers too, little lady.
:UnknownKAK: Ah, both wise and sympathetic, my lady. You’re becoming more and more like your mother each day, you know. Of course, this is all a bit… fruitless, what with the supposed “horde” already splitting up…
:ElizahRUST: It’s more of a “just in case”… we haven’t updated our plans for evacuating the lower levels in years. Next time maybe we won’t have several days to prepare, after all.
:UnknownKAK: Just don’t work yourself to death, little lady, you have a lot more to do then just planning theoretical wars you know.
:ElizahRUST: Yes, I know, let’s hurry and talk to… wait, who are you? Have we met?
:ThaarkRUST:
:TheenRUST: So… beautiful…

Insert THIS MEANS WAR!!_
>>
No. 563601 ID: 9ddf68

yeah I think the tribals are splintering because the deamon worshiping side of the tribals are either being forced out by the normal tribals or are leaving of there own will. Not to sure on that but it sounded like deamon worship was getting to be the biggest problem the tribals were facing.

Oh and for the princess, ask if she has a moment or not. If she doesn't have time to spend just tell her Jericho would like to speak to her when he gets a moment... and assuming he got out of the academy fire alright.
>>
No. 563602 ID: 4a75fa

>Message to blue sent!
What message? Check sent messages log.

>DIE SLAVER!
The Kingdom of Seraph was using slaves long before any of its people came under our influence. We don't approve of their institutionalized slavery, or how they treat the tribes. Unfortunately, getting a society to change is slow and difficult work.

We saved one of your pawns, and are not interested in any conflict with you. If anything, conflict between our forces would only serve to reinforce the kingdom's current view of the nomads and further entrench slavery as a practice.

>Blue has declared war on Teal!
Someone reach over and toggle the hold fire button on our UI, please. We're not going to shoot first if we can help it.
>>
No. 563611 ID: 606aa1

Crap. Good news, the Horde is splintering. Bad news, apparently we players can declare war on people and Blue just did that to us, so all our pieces have an instinctual? Irrational? hatred of anyone Blue owns...
Now, Blue SEEMS to be buying into the whole 'slavers and tribals' war thing, so we should warn Pink to not talk to Blue. It's bad enough we're aggro'd at Blue, let's not get her involved if we can help it!
>>
No. 563615 ID: 549d6c
File 139292454033.png - (16.04KB , 900x450 , 24.png )
563615

>What message? Check sent messages log.
[Teal: Torturing and raping tribal is super fun, did you know that?]
[Blue: DIE SLAVER!]
>The Kingdom of Seraph was using slaves long before any of its people came under our influence…
[Blue is ignoring you. Automatic message from blue: You will burn with the rest of the scum!]
>Someone reach over and toggle the hold fire button on our UI, please. We're not going to shoot first if we can help it.
[You are neutral against Blue!]

>Ask if she has a moment.
:ElizahRUST: Hmm… aren’t you Ilbir’s hired sword?
:ThaarkRUST: Actually, Jericho hired me… kind off…
:ElizahRUST: …ah, of course! Some privacy, please.
:UnknownKAK: Of course, my lady.
:TheenRUST: …like a lonely desert flower… pure and untouched…
>Good news, the Horde is splintering.
:ElizahRUST: Ah, so you’ve heard? Most of them are apparently following a Shaman back into tribal controlled areas. My scouts heard something about preparing for the coming darkness… of course, there are still about a hundred being led by the warlord on their way here… but we don’t expect them to do much harm.
:TheenRUST: And an ass to die for…
>We should warn Pink to not talk to Blue.
:ElizahRUST: One second… actually, she already has… they are at war, so to speak. He’s rather… quick to anger, the blue one. So… was there something else, Mr… err…
:ThaarkRUST: Thaark… of the Larvate brotherhood… and this is Theen. We are honored to be in your presence, Princess.
:ElizahRUST: Be at ease, Thaark and Theen, no need to be so regal. It’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance.
:TheenRUST: The pleasure is all my, sexy…
:ElizahRUST: Hmm? Did you say something?
:TheenRUST: Simply grunted in pain from my wound, oh beautiful desert flower…
:ThaarkRUST: Hey, desert flower is my line, you little dweeb.
:ElizahRUST: So… was it something else?

Insert The flower and the kaktus, a romantic comedy starting two potted plants and a cat_
>>
No. 563617 ID: 606aa1

._. Next time we send a message SPECIFY WHAT SAID MESSAGE IS!
That said? It sounds like even if we had been cordial things would not end well.
Good news is from what I can tell, it's only an army 100 strong. BAD NEWS is that said army likely has a massively powerful superweapon or two to think it's still got a chance. Plus, yanno, the benefits of having us around, which could mean near-instantanous communications, so they can maintain co-ordination even if they get split up.
>>
No. 563618 ID: 9ddf68

ask if she can ask pink what did the last message pink sent to blue before he declared war on him cause APPARENTLY we sent him a message saying, and I quote "Torturing and raping tribal is super fun, did you know that?"... WHO THE FUCK WRITES THAT SHIT!!?!

also can we send a ping to all players saying "To whoever is fucking with our messages... YOU SIR AND/OR MADAM, ARE AN ASSHOLE"
also if we send this message we should be to be sure to reread it after it's been sent just incase some fucker changes it.
>>
No. 563624 ID: d0e0a2

...What the fuck? "Torturing and raping tribal is super fun, did you know that?" ...WHAT THE FUCK?! WHO WROTE THAT?! WHO FUCKED WITH OUR MESSAGE TO BLUE?! Gods' fucking dammit, we got a saboteur in here! I saw it before, here >>/questarch/557901 adding extra lewd suggestions to Jericho, here >>/questarch/558578 changing "Eliraz" to "freak," and here >>/questarch/558579 where it told Durach "it's a trap." None of us said that!

Thaark, tell Elizah that, and that it appeared after your run-in with that wraith; The one we think resonated up our link to Jericho and caused his freak-out yesterday. I have a theory we have a piece of that wraith stuck in here from that. But if we don't I have no idea where these twisted words are coming from.

...Wait. Why is Elizah wielding a pole-ax? And where'd her other guard disappear to? What's with that? Could you ask her about that first.

Ask if Pink could check her message logs to Blue to make sure they were what she intended to say and not altered in any way. I want to be sure they're right, because if somebody or something is altering inter-player messages we'll have big trouble doing diplomacy. Also ask if Pink got Teal's message from earlier today, and if so what it was.

Also tell Elizah that the shaman she mentioned is Durach, and that he's with us. We warned him about the daemon cultists right before the Serath's undead ambush at Deadhallow pass, so that's why the horde fragmented. ...We also warned him about the ambush, but it was too late to do anything about it.

Also, Durach's son Recho, the one you saved, is with Blue. We'll have to keep him locked up until we deal with Blue. But before Blue declared war on us, Recho said that what happened at the Keer city made the followers of the Dark One "bigger," so we can't count on those 100 tribesmen being pushovers.

I suspect the Dark One is has its claws deep in Blue. According to what the student at the Academy said the Dark One kept getting distracted in the ancient daemon war by going after those who kept thralls and "servents," AKA slaves. Before I found out our message was altered to be extra inflammatory I would say that'd explain Blue's extreme response to us, but now I don't know.
>>
No. 563630 ID: 549d6c
File 139293099811.png - (16.03KB , 900x450 , 25.png )
563630

>...Wait. Why is Elizah wielding a pole-ax? And where'd her other guard disappear to?
Huh? What are you talking about? They are both there? Behind her? …why do I have a feeling Theen would say “I would love to get behind her in bed” after that…
>"To whoever is fucking with our messages... YOU SIR AND/OR MADAM, ARE AN ASSHOLE"
[Message sent to Pink!]

>Ask if Pink could check her message logs to Blue to make sure they were what she intended to say and not altered in any way.
:ElizahRUST: Huh? N-no… she says that he got hostile as soon as he heard she was allied with the royal family.
>Ask if Pink got Teal's message from earlier today, and if so what it was.
:ElizahRUST: …do you mean the one about pink being an asshole or the one about the wraith and daemon info?
:ThaarkRUST: Err… about the first one.
>Thaark, tell Elizah that someone is sabotaging our messages, and that it appeared after your run-in with that wraith.
:ElizahRUST: Well, that does explain the message you just send. Luckily, we’re skeptical enough to not take something like that at face value. Hopefully you’ll be more careful with your messages henceforth.
:ThaarkRUST: So… what do we do about this?
:ElizahRUST: Hmm… we have to find someone who know about both the players and wraiths… and I can’t really think about anyone who knows about both… hmm… someone that know a lot about what is going on but for some reason haven’t divulged all the information yet…
:TheenRUST: I would love to divulge into you, hubba hubba!

>I suspect the Dark One is has its claws deep in Blue.
:ElizahRUST: Hmm… he doesn’t seem corrupted, just… very outspoken about this servant thing. Of course, that doesn’t leave out the possibility that he’s being manipulated by the dark one.
:TheenRUST: Oh, mistress, please manipulate my Tralala…
:ThaarkRUST: Theen… please shut the fuck up before she hears you…
>Also, Durach's son Recho, the one you saved, is with Blue. We'll have to keep him locked up until we deal with Blue.
:ElizahRUST: I’ll see to it that he’s kept out of harm’s way.
>Good news is from what I can tell, it's only an army 100 strong. BAD NEWS is that said army likely has a massively powerful super weapon or two to think it's still got a chance.
:ElizahRUST: Actually, they’ve already given us their demands. Apparently they were… special, as mother called a emergency meeting as soon as we got them.
:ThaarkRUST: So… what were the demands?
:ElizahRUST: I don’t know… the only thing I know was they weren’t the standard “water and bread” kind of deal.

Insert Touch my ding ding dong…_
>>
No. 563632 ID: a87e3a

>>563630
I think we need to prune that piece of us that got in direct contact with the Wraith. I know we aren't corrupted overall but that doesn't mean we don't have one piece of us going rogue. We could see if we can track down the Masked Man to get his help on the saboteur problem if we can't handle it internally.

[locate saboteur, and EXPUNGE]

Hmm, I wonder if Theen has any chance with the princess? Ask the princess to turn off her beauty enhancement so that Theen calms down. I think it might be to much for him.

Anyway, we were going to warn her about the news we received 9 months in the future. A demon will descend, the deserts will be no more, and a "young girl" will become sultan which probably means her. We don't know where the demon falls, what it destroys if anything, if the deserts become jungle or are destroyed, or if she becomes sultan due to her mother's second death or if she just steps down. I suspect we may be able to influence the details.
>>
No. 563634 ID: 9ddf68

well first off, sorry pink.

secondly does this include Jericho, cause last we saw he was trapped in the middle of a fire down by the academy and Artemis was going to help put the flames out by using more fire... I'm sure they're fine.
>>
No. 563635 ID: 37aa84

Whisper to Theen that if he doesn't knock it off we'll convince the Princess to lock him in a soft padded cell with absolutely nothing he could ever possibly be hurt with.
>>
No. 563636 ID: d315b1

>>563630
Tell Elizah that all of our messages to her are being tampered with.
>>
No. 563640 ID: eb10ea

Thank Pink for her temperance.

[check message edit logs]
[check corruption levels]
[use counterintelligence]
[locate demons/ wraiths]
[purge the ranks like it's 1934]

Our ability to communicate has been compromised, so we're pretty much sidelined until this gets sorted out. Unless Pink knows anyone else, we should probably ask Elizah to ask the sultan what she knows. The only other people I can think of are Steve or Bob, and I can already tell they're going to be as painful to find as that crazy necromancer.
>>
No. 563641 ID: d0e0a2

>>563632
You got that partially right, and you forgot to mention that we jumped to the Northlands, were only there for a day, and had a new king for the duration we were there. Oh, and that this happened last night, so we weren't holding out on anybody.

While there we heard that the "sky fell down" in the Serath Desert, and that the desert is nearly gone by then. We also heard the Serath Sultanate is still around and was even entering a new golden age, so I presume the "sky fall" was it started to downpour and the desert didn't just vanish.

But we also heard that before that happened a daemon came, and that when it did multiple players lost their kings. When this happened we do not know, nor do we know if we lost Jericho. We're assuming Pink wasn't one of them, since the new sultan was "a young girl," presumably Elizah.

With all this in mind I would be very, very wary of any demands the tribesmen made. Whatever they are could all be part of summoning the Dark One or even another daemon, or they could just be a distraction.

We'll also have to keep in mind that the Dark One's favorite emotion is "hope." Whoever tries to summon the Dark One will need a strong source of it.

>>563640
Oh, we know exactly where Professor Varius is heading right now, we just can't get to him. That is unless we can come up with a way to get to the foot of the Pillars of the Heavens in less than a week.
>>
No. 563667 ID: 4a75fa

[Policy change: all outgoing messages to other players will now be moderated, and require independent approval. New messages will be added to a delay queue, where they will remain indefinitely until they are approved or rejected by collective action.]

There. Hopefully that will help.

>she says that he got hostile as soon as he heard she was allied with the royal family.
...Blue may have an unfortunate view of slavery, Serath's treatment of the desert tribes, and the royal family's and our player's roles in those.

And sorry about the insulting message. One got through to Blue too, which only made things worse. Our communication channels appear compromised. We're working on it. If we appear to say something totally out of character or completely inconsistent with our actions or goals, we'd ask you to use your judgement and disregard.

>get the saboteur!
It's not necessarily a turncoat. We could be hacked, as well. Might do to check in a mirror.
>>
No. 563715 ID: 549d6c
File 139300147175.png - (16.46KB , 900x450 , 26.png )
563715

>[locate saboteur, and EXPUNGE]
[You are currently in anarchy! Saboteur found! Do you wish to expunge… 100% of the current players?]
>[check corruption levels]
[62% and rising very slowly…]
>[use counterintelligence]
[You lack the intelligence to do that, pathetic worms…]
>[locate demons/ wraiths]
[Check under the bed... or maybe the closet…]
>Policy change: all outgoing messages to other players will now be moderated, and require independent approval. New messages will be added to a delay queue, where they will remain indefinitely until they are approved or rejected by collective action.]
[Policy enacted!]
[New message made... From Teal to Teal: How does it feel? How does it feel to just dick around while Brad is slowly gutted alive… while Jericho is slowly roasted? You’ll soon lose both your kings and you aren’t even trying to stop it… you’re pathetic…]

>Hmm, I wonder if Theen has any chance with the princess?
Let’s see… Theen is a smelly, rude mercenary with a face so scarred not even his mother would love him while the other is a super beautiful and charismatic princess of an extremely rich country. …yeah, they’ll probably cut off Theen’s head if he even tries to flirt with her.
>Whisper to Theen that if he doesn't knock it off we'll convince the Princess to lock him in a soft padded cell with absolutely nothing he could ever possibly be hurt with.
:TheenRUST: I’ll b-behave…

>Thank Pink for her temperance.
:ElizahRUST: Think nothing of it.
>Does this emergency meeting include Jericho?
:ElizahRUST: No, it only included the Sultan and her most trusted advisors.
>Warn her about the news we received 9 months in the future.
:ElizahRUST: Hmm… that is troubling news… and mother stepping down? Already? Does she really think I’m ready?
:ThaarkRUST: Err… it can be far worse than that…
:ElizahRUST: No, if she died without giving me the throne I wouldn’t get it before she’s had a proper burial. Simply the preparations for a royal burial take almost a year.
>Our ability to communicate has been compromised, so we're pretty much sidelined until this gets sorted out. Unless Pink knows anyone else, we should probably ask Elizah to ask the sultan what she knows.
:ElizahRUST: I’ll talk to her when she has the time… but I don’t know what she knows that I don’t.
>The only other people I can think of are Steve or Bob, and I can already tell they're going to be painful to find.
:ElizahRUST: …if only we know what this masked man was… and how to contact him… I’m sure someone has to know something about him.

Insert Let the mighty Helix fossil guide you!_
>>
No. 563718 ID: 0eef0e

Corruption? Son of a beep. It all makes sense now.
SOMEONE around here...Is a cultist, or linked to the demon, enough to corrupt us, slowly and minorly, but enough that it is in fact happening.

@Opposing Teal Ilfiltrator-Granted you've got us in a tight spot. But from what I gather...You win this round, perhaps. Dunno how, or when, but you seem to win, judging by the leap to the future. HOWEVER, you win this round, and possibly the next, by making moves that we're unaware of-and each time we learn more about how you operate...
So, how many rounds can you gain via the advantage of being an unknown factor?
>>
No. 563721 ID: 4a75fa

>purge!
Yeah that's not going to work. Stop it with the heavy handed rhetoric, it only seems to feed it and fuel corruption.

>corruption: 62% and rising
...I don't suppose we have corruption logs? Or that we can get that in plot versus time? Be nice if we could correlate events with spikes or increases in corruption.

I think if we can resolve the rising corruption, that'll let us with our control problems, at least.
>>
No. 563726 ID: 9ddf68

oh looky here, someone looking for an ass whoopin. If your wondering what that was about Thaark it's just some fat kid who thinks he's hot shit because he can put 2 words together and eats paste.

But yeah if we got nothing else here might as well move on. Also can we check out the academy that's burning down now, I want to see how much of the damage is going to be blamed on us.
>>
No. 563734 ID: d0e0a2

...Dammit. Thaark, tell Elizah that we have corruption: 62% and rising very slowly. That's what's been fucking with us. No idea what the source is, but it has to have been near us for quite some time to get to that level at that rate. Could be a person that's the source and we're far away from it, but the low rate also makes me think it could be an object.

Ask if Pink could check on Artemis and see what she's doing. Last we saw she was about to do something either crazy, brilliant, or crazy brilliant to save Jericho from that fire. Since we're still around I'm assuming he didn't die, but there's a lot of damage that can be done before that point.

I suggest we head down to the courtyard. We were planning on checking Esiros' statue for a keystone. We'll keep it to Thaark, Theen, Ilbir, Kranhon, and Elizah if she wishes to come too.

[Policy change: Continually monitor corruption] We're gonna need to keep an eye on this at all times to figure out where the corruption is coming from. We're also going to have to test for it by separating our pawns from everyone and everything else one by one and checking the rate.

[Increase corruption counter precision to 16 digits; Monitor rate of increase and extrapolate time of 0% and 100%] A linear plot will be inaccurate but could give us some idea when it started and how long we have left at this rate.
>>
No. 563738 ID: 549d6c
File 139301253687.png - (23.98KB , 900x450 , 27.png )
563738

>[Policy change: Continually monitor corruption]
[Policy changed!]
>...I don't suppose we have corruption logs?
[Corruption have steadily increased since infection by wraith. Warning! Full corruption within 14 hours! Please seek medical soul attention as soon as possible.]

>...Dammit. Thaark, tell Elizah that we have corruption: 62% and rising very slowly.
:ElizahRUST: What!? That’s… not good at all! I… I don’t… I’ll trust you for now, you’ve earned that much, but if it gets any worse we will need to detain you and all your subordinates… or worse.
>Ask if Pink could check on Artemis and see what she's doing.
:ElizahRUST: She’s getting lectured about basic fire safety together with a student in the academy… apparently something she did forced Jericho to get his clothes and silk wrappings repaired for burn damage… he’s alright, if you are wondering.
>I suggest we head down to the courtyard. We were planning on checking Esiros' statue for a keystone. We'll keep it to Thaark, Theen, Ilbir, Kranhon, and Elizah if she wishes to come too.
:ElizahRUST: Actually, my schedule is rather full at the moment, so if you’ll excuse me.
:KranhonRUST: Huh? Sorry but… um… I got to take care of some stuff for our tribal guest.
:IlbirRUST: Hmm… I was actually busy with something else but… a stone? Here? This I got to see.



:TemrockRUST: Pull! Pull like you mean it, you worthless piece of shit!
:ElirazRUST: *Hrrrng!*
:TemrockRUST: My grandmother should pull better than that! Bah, this training is pointless. You’re always going to be a weak little freak, Eliraz.
:ElirazRUST: W-WHAT!? You little- I AM NOT A FREAK!! *ARRRGH!!*
:TemrockRUST: See, pulling it wasn’t that hard, now was it?
:IlbirRUST: …why is the prince pulling around a large rock clad only in loincloth and chains?
:ThaarkRUST: Better not ask…
:TheenRUST: Aw man… why shouldn’t that have been the other royal sibling?

Insert If Elizah knew about this she would have come too_
>>
No. 563742 ID: 88960e

>Please seek medical soul attention as soon as possible
I don't suppose you have a list of resources for that? Or a service or emergency number we can call?

>we'll need to detail you or worse
Well, we've got 14 hours to fix this before you have to.
>>
No. 563745 ID: a87e3a

>>563738
Um. Okay we aren't looking so good. Even what little we can see in that reflection... This will probably be scary, but please walk further in so we can see how bad it is. Investigate the statue since we're here.

AH! Necromancers deal with souls, right? We need to head to the head necromancer immediately after this.
>>
No. 563746 ID: 9ddf68

huh, we're not looking to good. Aw well no point in getting worked up about it. So do you see anything that might be a keystone on the guy's statue? We think it might be the staff but we're not 100% sure. Also we might need to go see Tera again soon to see if she can do anything about our corruption.
>>
No. 563747 ID: dbe554

Time to crack that statue open!
>>
No. 563757 ID: 549d6c
File 139302861392.png - (25.95KB , 900x450 , 28.png )
563757

>I don't suppose you have a list of resources for that?
[Light a candle and make an offering to whatever filthy god you believe in. I’m sure they will help you~]
>Or a service or emergency number we can call?
[555-there’s no hope for you, just give up… call now for an extra soul flaying for free!]

>This will probably be scary, but please walk further in so we can see how bad it is.
:ThaarkRUST:
:IlbirRUST: Huh…
:TheenRUST: What? What are you guys looking at? The water?
>AH! Necromancers deal with souls, right?
:IlbirRUST: Well, they generally deal with dead souls, not corrupted ones. You’ll need some kind of.. daemonologist or a real daemon or something…

>Time to crack that statue open!
:IlbirRUST: You know, if you’re wrong this will come out of your paycheck.
:ThaarkRUST: Bite me, dwarf.
*Clirk*
:ThaarkRUST: …there it is.
:IlbirRUST: That’s it? It was right here all this time? No booby traps or fake outs?
:ThaarkRUST: The guy who hid it wanted it to be found… err… I think…
:IlbirRUST: Well then… now that’s over with, how do we fix this corruption? I rather not lose my mind anytime soon.

Insert HI, BILLY MAYS HERE with soul flaying’s! Call now!_
>>
No. 563766 ID: 9ddf68

well no one we've asked on the spiritual side of things has been any help and the only place that I think we could find anyone that might be a daemonologist would either be at the temple or the academy so if Jericho is still there I guess we can switch to him and see if he can't ask around, same with Tera to see if anyone around the temple could help us. Unless either of the two of you have an idea for where we should look to getting cured.
>>
No. 563768 ID: a87e3a

>>563757
Well, we know the Light is one, and the Masked Man is one, but if we switch back to Bradford to try to contact the Light that will cause us to switch to our future selves which aren't corrupted. I mean, when we were with Bradford our corruption level was falling. Here, it's rising, and has been since we accidentally let ourselves be infected by the first Wraith, and that was before we switched to Bradford. So basically I'm saying that when Bradford is our king, we don't have corruption, but when Jericho is, we're in trouble.

This means we are forced to go to the Masked Man for help. Problem is we have no means of contacting him. Or do we?
[message to Masked Man: OH GOD PLEASE HELP]
If we can't send a message, well, I think we might encounter him if we go to that storage area with all the masks, he was there briefly once before. Or maybe there's something new in Jericho's book that will point us in the right direction?

As a last resort we could summon a Daemon. I think we know enough that we could summon the Blood God. "Likes: Blood, poetry. Emotion: Pain. Light the candle, call out... Ghar’ke Kakcha (the real name) and offer him some poetry and blood. Make sure the cattle is feeling pain and he’ll come."

However, um, is the Blood God one of the Daemons that helped fight the invasion, or is he an invader? If he's an invader we should definitely not summon him because he won't help. In that case, our only option is to either find the Masked Man or try to find his real name and summon him.
>>
No. 563773 ID: d0e0a2

I think we ought to get Eliraz over here and fill him in on the situation. Ilbir, could you ask Temrock to interrupt Eliraz's training for this. Eliraz can keep the rock on, though.

I'm thinking that Eliraz can do something similar to what he did to Gray to this wraith. We just need Elizah's dagger and a lot of reflective surfaces so he can see exactly where it is for him to cut it loose. That room with the long mirror from earlier would work. He could also try the Spear of Light Jericho got as well as the dagger. We'd switch to Jericho, and only he and Eliraz would go in for the fight. We'll have to get Jericho's magic siphoned off beforehand, just to be safe.

Unfortunately I don't know if this wraith can jump to any of our pawns. If it jumps to Eliraz that'll be a problem. We may have to release Eliraz as our pawn for the duration of the fight. And to make sure the wraith can't take him while he's a free pawn we'll ask Pink to take him as her pawn then return him to us afterwards.

Temrock knows a thing or two about wraiths, so ask him if anything can be done if one starts to get its claws into you. Is there anything that can be done to break it loose, or anyone with the power to pull it out?

I'd love to summon The Light/"Steve" or the Masked Man/Gatekeeper/Jailor/"Bob" to help us out of this mess, but we have no idea what their summoning rituals or true names are. The only daemon we know how to summon, thanks to Varius' note, is the Blood God, and I strongly suspect he's connected somehow to the wraiths we've been running into. Summoning him will almost certainly leave us far worse off.

The Academy probably has a daemonologist, or at least a person who's an expert on daemons who'd know where to find one. Unfortunately that person was probably Professor Varius and he's currently in the Northlands, never to return. Maybe there's another, but if there isn't that leaves us with the student that was studying daemons for his thesis, assuming he didn't die in the fire. And perhaps Artemis once her mind finishes processing all of those books on daemons.

Ilbir, we found this keystone because of that package that was stolen from you. It circuitously found its way back to Jericho and contained a letter to him from the oracle of the Sky Watcher tribe with cryptic directions to three keystones. This one was the easiest, since it had Elitrin's name. The other two were "one is close to your heart" and "three doves east of the city." We got no idea on the former after exhausting the obvious choices, and the latter could be too many things. So do you have any ideas on where that could be, Ilbir?

Actually, now that I think about it, perhaps the former clue is related to Jericho's locket. I think he's worn it close to his heart for a long time, and it does contain an unidentified ancient era magic artifact. Reizn looked at it yesterday and said he was going to share his findings with Ilbir as soon as he could. So did you get them yet, Ilbir? Or were you too caught up in making flying baskets to check your mailbox?
>>
No. 563775 ID: a87e3a

I just realized that "multiple players losing their kings" could refer to us having defeated Grey and in the future defeating Blue.
>>
No. 563815 ID: 549d6c
File 139308089918.png - (16.45KB , 900x450 , 29.png )
563815

>[message to Masked Man: OH GOD PLEASE HELP]
[Unable to find player “Masked Man”!]

>lbir, we found this keystone because of that package that was stolen from you. It circuitously found its way back to Jericho and contained a letter to him from the oracle of the Sky Watcher tribe with cryptic directions to three keystones. The other two were "one is close to your heart" and "three doves east of the city."
:IlbirRUST: Hmm… three doves? I’ve never heard someone measure something in a bird before? Maybe they mean three coins on a map? As for close to your heart… either something he’s wearing close to where his heart used to be or someone that is close to his heart.
>Actually, now that I think about it, perhaps the former clue is related to Jericho's locket.
:IlbirRUST: That’s… actually, that’s a rather good theory.
>Reizn looked at it yesterday and said he was going to share his findings with Ilbir as soon as he could. So did you get them yet, Ilbir?
:IlbirRUST: No, I haven’t had the time to check my messages yet… maybe I should do that as soon as possible.
>I'd love to summon The Light/"Steve" or the Masked Man/Gatekeeper/Jailor/"Bob" to help us out of this mess, but we have no idea what their summoning rituals or true names are.
:IlbirRUST: I’m pretty sure all the rituals are the same, except that you change the sacrifice and name. Can’t say I know the ritual but… I’m sure there’s someone in the academy that knows. As for true names… those things comes from a world without sound, their names would be unpronounceable… or even unimaginable by our minds. I’m pretty sure they have other names they listen too.

>Temrock knows a thing or two about wraiths, so ask him if anything can be done if one starts to get its claws into you.
:TemrockRUST: Huh? You kill it, of course! I’ve never heard about one leaving their body to infect someone that’s still alive though…
>Ilbir, could you ask Temrock to interrupt Eliraz's training for this?
:TemrockRUST: Can you wait an hour? We’re almost done for today.
>We may have to release Eliraz as our pawn for the duration of the fight.
[Pawns can only be released by death. Either by the pawns death or the players!]
>I'm thinking that Eliraz can do something similar to what he did to Gray to this wraith. We just need Elizah's dagger and a lot of reflective surfaces so he can see exactly where it is for him to cut it loose.
[No! NO! I WILL NOT LET YOU HURT ME! You will die! WE WILL WIN! Dark one, accept my sacrifice! Infest them! CORRUPT THEM!!]
[Wraith infestation have been dealt with!]
:IlbirRUST: Well, that was-
[WARNING! Corruption level rising! Full corruption in… one hour. User Corruption imminent! Seek medical spirit attention immediately!!]
:ThaarkRUST: SON OF A-

>[Switch to Jericho.]
:MagusRUST: Luckily, the academy is built to withstand fires like this… what with it being filled with fire mage novices. Don’t worry, we were able to save some of the things in Varius office and… why are you looking at me like that… it’s like you’ve seen a ghost.

Insert Infected with HEV_
>>
No. 563828 ID: 0eef0e

Jericho. We're sorry but we're set to be completely corrupted in 1 hour. Unless you can get back to someplace with a reflective surface and use the Spear to strike down whatever's causing the corruption...Well, good news is all that's happening is only an illusion. It LOOKS freaky, but most of it is likely benign.
>>
No. 563829 ID: dbe554

Jericho! The things you are seeing aren't real we're about to be corrupted and shit's going down and hoo boy we're all going to be screwed if we aren't fixed in an hour
>>
No. 563835 ID: 4a75fa

>Pawns can only be released by death. Either by the pawns death or the players!
>Full corruption in… one hour
Well, that's it. There's only one logical course of action now. If we want to prevent ourself from going insane and turning all our pawns into crazy monsters, we have to die. Unless there's a magic fix, it's time for player Teal to retire. Dunno if we'll still respawn from a suicide, but it's the one play we have. Let's just set up a deadman's switch, here...

[Queued actions:]
[in 59 minutes: [Message to player Pink: Sorry. This was the only way we could stop it. Look after our friends, and good luck]]
[in 59 minutes: [Player Teal Retires]]

>it’s like you’ve seen a ghost
It's not real, Jer. We've been attacked by corruption, and that's affecting your perception. It's an illusion.
>>
No. 563840 ID: d0e0a2

Jericho, please don't freak out. What you're seeing is corruption induced hallucinations. Stay calm and I'll explain what happened.

We found out what was messing with our messages and suggestions: A wraith. Either the one Thaark encountered or the one Eliraz faced had infected us and was slowly increasing our corruption level. We had 14 hours left before total corruption, but when we started talking about cutting it loose and hit on Eliraz using Elizah's dagger the wraith sacrificed itself to the Dark One, opening a direct channel to the daemon's corruption. ...I'm sorry, Jer, but we have slightly less than an hour before we fall to the corruption.

Talking in the open like that was an epically stupid blunder on our part and we're deeply sorry for it. The only halfway decent thing to come from it is we now know the wraiths we've been facing are connected to the Dark One.

Grab Artemis and tell her we have slightly less than an hour before we succumb to daemonic corruption and to relay that to Pink/the voices in her head. We need her to devote 100% of her mental and physical resources to devising a way to stop that from happening.

We're gonna need the full resources of the Academy on this, so tell the Magus everything. About us, the wraiths, the daemons, the whole lot. Full disclosure. We can't afford to leave out anything out because we don't know what info might save us. And that we have less than an hour to save ourselves.

It's looking like the only chance we have is to summon The Light/"Steve," the Masked Man/Gatekeeper/"Bob," or possibly any daemon that isn't the Blood God or the Dark One. We need to gather everyone at the Academy that knows about daemons to see if we can gather enough info to setup the proper ritual and get a name we can use.

>>563828
The wraith sacrificed itself, so I doubt there's anything to strike down but you never know. Seeking out a large reflective surface so we can see what we're dealing with would be a good idea anyway. Does the Academy have any extra large mirrors or reflecting pools?

[Determine source of corruption]
[Analyze corruption rate to determine exact time remaining until total corruption]

So pawns can't ever be manually released. We did see that they can possibly be seized by another player when we touched the guard that's Red's pawn. Other than that perhaps pawns could be traded between players if they're allied? If so then we could give our pawns to Pink to keep them safe in case we fail to stop the corruption.
>>
No. 563849 ID: a87e3a

>>563815
You know what now that the Wraith is gone and it's the Dark One directly influencing us I think it might be time to switch focus.

See you in a bit, Jericho.
[switch to Bradford]
>>
No. 563852 ID: 9ddf68

yeah don't freak out, this is kinda our fault here and we have an hour before things get to far out of hand. Anyways if he see anything that looks just wrong ignore it, if people start saying weird things, ignore it and we'll filter it for you. Ask if anyone here knows anything about how to and spiritual medical work or if they've ever heard of it and where we could find it. Also if this doesn't pan out, while you know that spear you got, you remember when grey tried to kill you but you kill her instead by finding her reflection? Yeah your going to need you to kill us in about 50 minutes or less or bad shit will happen to you and all the friends you've made... sorry.
>>
No. 563856 ID: 549d6c
File 139309512269.png - (19.43KB , 900x450 , 30.png )
563856

>[switch to Bradford]
[You’ve yet claimed Bradford as a king! Please wait to the future before switching!]
>Let's just set up a deadman's switch, here...
[Self-destruction set in… 59 minutes.]
>[Determine source of corruption]
[You… are… filthy slaver…]
>[Analyze corruption rate to determine exact time remaining until total corruption]
[59 minutes, 12 seconds…]

>It's not real, Jer. We've been attacked by corruption, and that's affecting your perception. It's an illusion.
:JerichoRUSTED: It’s all an illusion… it isn’t real…
:MagusRUST: …what illusion? I can’t sense any illusion magic around here?
:JerichoRUSTED: …forget about it.
>Grab Artemis and tell her we have slightly less than an hour before we succumb to daemonic corruption and to relay that to Pink/the voices in her head. We need her to devote 100% of her mental and physical resources to devising a way to stop that from happening.
:ArtemisRUST: *BEEP!* Compiling all data about subject Daemon… please stand by… 15 seconds remaining…
>We're gonna need the full resources of the Academy on this, so tell the Magus everything.
:MagusRUST: …right, I’m not really a daemonist but…
:UnknownKAK: But I am! And I’ll definitely get a dragon mark on my thesis if I help you!
>It's looking like the only chance we have is to summon The Light/"Steve," the Masked Man/Gatekeeper/"Bob," or possibly any daemon that isn't the Blood God or the Dark One.
:MagusRUST: Summon one of them? Isn’t that a bit… dangerous?
:UnknownKAK: So… we need something they like and something feeling the emotion they like…
:JerichoRUSTED: and the name?
:UnknownKAK: Err… the name they’ve given themselves in this world… I… I don’t actually…
:ArtemisRUST: The masked one gave himself the name of “Bob” to his human allies during the war. He is also known as the gatekeeper… or jailor, tyrant, fear bringer, the end and/or the nightmare by his enemies. Apparently, the daemon invading this realm didn’t like him a lot… I can’t find anything about… “Steve” or the light that’s useful though…
>We need to gather everyone at the Academy that knows about daemons to see if we can gather enough info to setup the proper ritual and get a name we can use.
:JerichoRUSTED: So… what do we need? Let me just read the note again… “To call them: Light candle, call them by name in the old tongue, offer them something they like, the emotion they represent must be present.”
:MagusRUST: Well, I can easily get you a candle… and a room made out of mirrors just in case…
:UnknownKAK: Hmm… we know their names and I think I can call them… but not the emotion or an proper offering… what do they like? There has to be some kind of clue somewhere in the old text!?
:ArtemisRUST: Commencing search… unable to find anything about likes / dislikes and emotions…

Insert 404 file not found_
>>
No. 563857 ID: a87e3a

>>563856
Bob likes anger or maybe frustration, and we know prophecy is associated with him, but... nothing is clear about him.

Steve likes prayer and devotion. We might have a better chance of summoning Steve than Bob. In fact, I think that's how we contacted him in the future. That was a summoning in the chapel! Light a candle, and pray devoutly to the Light. MEAN IT.
>>
No. 563860 ID: a87e3a

Also Dark One: We're not slavers, we'd actually kindof like to abolish that eventually!
>>
No. 563861 ID: 9ddf68

OH FUCKING HELL, this is how Steve get's his religion started isn't, through us. damn he's good. Alright then, room of mirrors, candle, and then pray like mad to the light... or steve, try both just to be safe.
>>
No. 563864 ID: 4a75fa

I don't suppose the book of auto-prophecy has any useful commentary at the eleventh hour?

>>563861
...that would be a rather interesting paradoxical origin.
>>
No. 563865 ID: d0e0a2

Jer, tell the daemonologist everything we've seen of "Bob," since it might help us here. Start with the glimpses of him we saw after we first came to you and ending with what happened at Ilbir's dig after we defeated Gray. Tell him about the book of prophecy "Bob" left for you, and that Esiros had one as well. Pull the book out to show him and check it for any changes. We may need to consult Esiros' "journal" too. I don't suppose the Academy have a copy of it, do they?

However I don't know if our encounter with "Bob" will help us here. From what he said I think that he was using the hallucinogenic state we were in to bypass having to be summoned in order to speak to us.

Ask Artemis to search for any gods, daemons, or any other supernatural beings who appeared as a grossly incandescent figure with a pair large stylized wings behind it, possibly made of blades. It'd also have the power to either freeze time except for a localized area, or accelerate time in a localized area so that everything else appears to have frozen in time. Maybe that'll turn up "Steve."
>>
No. 563868 ID: 549d6c
File 139310201601.png - (11.03KB , 900x450 , 31.png )
563868

>I don't suppose the book of auto-prophecy has any useful commentary at the eleventh hour?
“In his desperation, the mage of two essences summoned the jailor of slaves, the lord of terror to assist him see through the lies laid by the corrupted dead.”
>Dark One: We're not slavers, we'd actually kind of like to abolish that eventually!
…he doesn’t seem to be listening.
>Jer, tell the daemonologist everything we've seen of "Bob," since it might help us here.
:UnknownKAK: Err… a book of prophecies, you say? It doesn’t really help but… hmm… everything you said, while very intriguing, won’t really help us right now, does it?
>Ask Artemis to search for any gods, daemons, or any other supernatural beings who appeared as a grossly incandescent figure with a pair large stylized wings behind it, possibly made of blades.
:ArtemisRUST: …Lightbringer, gave his strength to mortal men so their blades would be able to harm the invaders forces. Nothing else is known about him… except… he had a mortal wife? Huh…

>Steve likes prayer and devotion. We might have a better chance of summoning Steve than Bob. In fact, I think that's how we contacted him in the future. That was a summoning in the chapel! Light a candle, and pray devoutly to the Light. MEAN IT.
:JerichoRUSTED: Right… let’s pray for something I don’t really believe in…
:UnknownKAK: Err… I’m pretty sure you have to call them by name in the old tongue… Ghar’ke Kakcha Light… or Ghar’ke Kakcha Steve? …err… we offer devotion to you?
:MagusRUST: *Crunch* Try summoning this masked guy to while you’re at it… *crunch* mmm…
:UnknownKAK: Ghar’ke Kakcha Bob? Ghar’ke Kakcha Jailor? …and what the hell are you doing?
:MagusRUST: You said you needed something to offer so I thought… *crunch* hey, some of those old pagan gods usually took fruits and stuff so… I brought some fruit.
:UnknownKAK: …I don’t think you’re supposed to eat it yourself.
:MagusRUST: Eh, I was hungry, so bite me… want an apple? Maybe a pear? Grapes?

[10 minutes remaining…]

:JerichoRUSTED: WHAT!? ALREADY!? It can’t have been an hour already!?
:MagusRUST: Well, I dunno… It took a while to set up all this stuff…
:UnknownKAK: Didn’t take an hour… twenty minutes tops.

[Corruption rate increasing! 5 minutes remaining before complete corruption!]

:JerichoRUSTED: That can’t be right… that can’t be… I… no… I can’t… I’m doomed, aren’t I… I… I didn’t think it would end like this…
>Summon the blood god… it’s the only way!
:JerichoRUSTED: I… I need some blood… and… I think I know where to get blood… and pain…
:UnknownKAK: Err… why are you looking at me like that?
>and poetry…
:JerichoRUSTED: In every clime and under every sun…
:UnknownKAK: Lord Jericho!?
:JerichoRUSTED: Death laughs at ye, mad mortals, as ye run…
:UnknownKAK: JERICHO!?!

Insert GRAPE OF WRATH!!_
>>
No. 563869 ID: dbe554

We are not fully corrupted yet daemons! *RESIST JERICHO RESIST*
>>
No. 563872 ID: 9ddf68

ah fuck... can we accelerate the self-termination thing to now?

At least this explains why the whole fucking mirror is black... and why the hell is the green guy not casting a reflection?
>>
No. 563876 ID: 96c896

>>563868
Light, if you are out there, if you can hear us... please. In our hour of need, please help us. You are our last hope. Shining Light, glorious holy Light, bane of the corrupt undead, cleanse us of this infestation!
>>
No. 563879 ID: 96c896

...as a last resort, aside from killing ourselves we could switch to the Shaman. Maybe Mor'Kay can help us out, or we could just use the incoming complete corruption to unleash the negative consequences on the tribals/Blue instead of the city/Pink. It's a lesser evil.
>>
No. 563880 ID: 96c896

...and then there's the option of switching to The Sacrifice, if we can manage the jump 3 days into the future or whatever. There's like, nobody there, and besides Varius was gonna summon the Blood God there anyway.
>>
No. 563887 ID: 549d6c
File 139310808326.png - (15.14KB , 900x450 , 32.png )
563887

>Ghar’ke Kakcha…
:JerichoRUSTED: …no, this is stupid. I’m not that desperate.
>We are not fully corrupted yet daemons! *RESIST JERICHO RESIST*
:JerichoRUSTED: No need to yell…
>Light, if you are out there, if you can hear us... please. In our hour of need, please help us. You are our last hope. Shining Light, glorious holy Light, bane of the corrupt undead, cleanse us of this infestation!
:JerichoRUSTED: …He doesn’t seem to hear us… maybe this is the end? I… I don’t want to die…

>Why the hell is the green guy not casting a reflection?
:MagusRUST: Huh? What are you talk-
:MaskedManRUST: You called?
:MagusRUST: AH!! Holy sh- you scared me!
:MaskedManRUST: And your fear is appreciated… and these grapes are good too...

Insert Why, hello there handsome_
>>
No. 563898 ID: 4a75fa

>5 minutes remaining before complete corruption!
[Reschedule self-destruct. Set it to go off when Corruption exceeds 99.9%]

>Insert Why, hello there handsome
...that's quite the reflection you have, there. Even the grapes have a soul you're eating?

If you can do anything to help us stop or reverse the rising corruption, we need your help, quickly. We're minutes away, or less, from killing ourself before we lose control.
>>
No. 563900 ID: 96c896

>>563887
What... the fuck are you? You know what I don't even care. I don't understand why grapes are somehow represented by a SOUL of all things but HELP US. We have minutes left before complete corruption.

Actually I wonder if that reflection is fake because of the corruption. I mean, we can't even see ourselves in the mirror anymore.
>>
No. 563919 ID: dbe554

>>563900

The grapes might even be altered for all we know, all we really know is that this daemon has been helping us, hopefully will help us, and not let us rot away.
>>
No. 563923 ID: d0e0a2

...Grapes? Grapes!? It was GRAPES?! How could we have know- Wait... Oh, dammit... We had it, right there in what Artemis first told us she learned about daemons, and also in what Ilbir remembered when we asked about daemons. We had the clues, totally missed them, and were only saved 'cause the Magus brought a fruit bowl. I'm sorry, Jer, but we blew it.

Hello, uh... "Bob?" Or would you prefer a different name in this era? I'll call you "Bob" for now. Anyway. Bob, as you can probably see we have a corruption problem. A critical one. We urgently need your help to turn it back, or at least stop its advance. Just anything to keep us from falling to it. I can only hope you can help, because otherwise our only remaining option is self-destruction.

Also, why did you remove those three books on daemons from the palace library after Artemis read them? That is, if that was you who did that. ...And if you didn't just re-shelve them. Dammit, we didn't check if they were actually gone, did we?

And is that really what a grape looks like to you, Bob, or is what we're seeing fear? Or grapes combined with fear?

Hey, Jer, you notice how Bob arrived right after you asked the Magus why he has no reflection? You asking that made the Magus afraid. He's hiding something, and in this situation that makes me very nervous. I suggest pointing your spear at his fat middle and propose that he figuratively spill his guts or it'll become literal.

>>563898
We really shouldn't tie our self-destruct to any status notification or value because it looks like the corruption was screwing with them. I'd rather not blow up if we get a fake 99.91% corruption level when we're only 95% or some such.

>>563900
Yeah, where is our reflection? I think it might be missing because we're filtering out the visuals from the corruption, but we'll have to drop the filter to test for that. Jer, I'm sorry for this. Brace yourself. [Disable visual filtering for 3 seconds]
>>
No. 563924 ID: 4a75fa

>>563923
I agree the self-destruct has problems as is. The big problem is we can't tie it to a clock if the target time keeps decreasing. If we hit 100% before we self-destruct, our corrupt self is free to cancel it. We have to die while we're still in control.

If you've got a better alternative to time than corruption levels, I'm all ears.
>>
No. 563941 ID: a87e3a

>>563923
>grapes, we missed it
Well personally I thought it was a big metaphor. I didn't think grapes meant literal grapes.
>>
No. 563948 ID: dbe554

Well, I can certainly say I myself am terrified at the prospect of our lives being held in his hands, but better this then corrupted..
>>
No. 563962 ID: 9ddf68

...well I don't know how to handle this but I do have to say the the whole warden joke I made now seems very appropriate. Assuming that his reflection isn't just a corruption based illusion I'm now even more wary of this guy...or maybe his true self can only be seen by the corrupted.

But yeah... we have a corruption problem here and we're kinda grasping at straws at this point. You know of any way for us to get uncorrupted or if not... at least make it that we won't drag anyone in our group down with us.
>>
No. 564005 ID: 549d6c
File 139316294866.png - (15.57KB , 900x450 , 33.png )
564005

>[Reschedule self-destruct. Set it to go off when Corruption exc-
:MaskedManRUST: I would advise you not to do that.
>HELP US. We have minutes left before complete corruption.
:MaskedManRUST: Minutes? Hardly… it will takes days for you to be corrupted at this pace.
:JerichoRUSTED: But… it said I had-
:MaskedManRUST: …you have a piece of a wraith infesting you. A being of lies and illusions… and you took everything it said at face value?
:JerichoRUSTED: I… It was all a lie!?
:MaskedManRUST: A very convincing lie, I have to admit. It almost succeeded making you desperate enough to kill yourself… or worse, summoning one of my brethren. Here, let me take care of this wraith for you…
:UnbrokenUNB: No! P-please! Don’t! KILL ME! DON’T LET HIM TAKE ME!! AAH!!!
:MaskedManRUST: Kill you? You’re already dead, aren’t you?

[Corruption at 16% and falling!]

>What... the fuck are you?
:UnknownKAK: He’s a Daemon! What did you think they looked like? Cute bunnies?
>Actually I wonder if that reflection is fake because of the corruption.
:MaskedManRUST: My reflection is… well, you can’t understand my true form unless you can see five dimensions and see it from several directions of time at once… so you’re simply seeing an image of what your brain believes I am.
>Hello, uh... "Bob?" Or would you prefer a different name in this era?
:MaskedManRUST: Bob is… suitable.
:UnknownRUST: Err… excuse me for asking, but what is your real name?
:MaskedManRUST: Hmm… it would be like explaining a song to a deaf person… or color to someone blind… my name is like the sound the taste of purple makes when it’s shitting itself in fear.
:JerichoRUSTED: …so, like a *frrttt* sound?
:MaskedManRUST: …No. Not at all.
:MagusRUST: Psst… don’t make fart jokes at the immortal, extremely powerful being of evil…
>...Grapes? Grapes!? It was GRAPES?! I thought it was a big metaphor.
:MaskedManRUST: Well… it is a metaphor of sorts… of course, I still love grapes… mmm…
>Even the grapes have a soul you're eating?
:MaskedManRUST: Of course not. Don’t be silly. It’s simply a metaphor, that’s all.
>why did you remove those three books on daemons from the palace library after Artemis read them?
:MaskedManRUST: To keep it out of the hands of others. You aren’t the only one seeking knowledge about us. The books here are still safe for the time being, on the other hand.
>Hey, Jer, you notice how Bob arrived right after you asked the Magus why he has no reflection? You asking that made the Magus afraid.
:MaskedManRUST: Actually, I came for the fear you provided when you called my name… you fear of death and the apprentice fear of failure.
>I suggest pointing your spear at his fat middle and propose that he figuratively spill his guts or it'll become literal.
:MagusRUST: W-wait! Can’t we t-talk about this!? I got a reflection, see! I don’t know what you’re babbling about!
:JerichoRUSTED: Hmm…
:MaskedManRUST: Probably just another illusion from the wraith. It was probably hoping that you’d spill his blood so it should summon the blood god.
:JerichoRUSTED: …if you say so…

Insert Don’t fart in the general direction of the god killing abomination_
>>
No. 564011 ID: dbe554

Hm multiple dimensions..We can barely see 3D, let alone five.

So others are seeking knowledge, do you mind telling us who they are?

Maybe their general location as well so we can make some nice trophies.
>>
No. 564016 ID: 9ddf68

...so bob you got any tips you can give us for dealing with wreaths in the future? Also thanks for the help.

Oh one more question since you're here, why do you have a physical body... or is that just a pawn. I mean if he is a pawn he's talking in first person, if that is you, how did you get a physical body?
>>
No. 564024 ID: 4a75fa

Thank you.

So... is there anything you could do to help us prevent that from happening again? A way to know which lies are lies, or to prevent re-infestation? Or do you have a number we can call if we need a soul-exterminator?

>wizard
Leave him alone, guys.

...wait, why aren't we showing up in the mirror?

[Cancel self destruct and other queued actions]
>>
No. 564027 ID: d0e0a2

...Dammit. We totally knew we were dealing with a wraith, an entity who's whole power basis is lies and illusions, and we didn't question anything we saw. If it weren't for the Magus, we would have doomed ourselves. We've really been dropping the ball, haven't we?

Bob, I thank you greatly. Now that we know just how much wraiths can do we'll be much more careful when dealing with them from now on. But if we do get infected again, what can we do or who can we go to to get the wraith removed? If possible we'd like to fix it ourselves and not have to bother you again if we or, somebody we care for, gets infected.

So, is this wraith fragment from the one that infested Aviris' corpse when he was in the skrang? Even if it isn't I'm still wondering where the wraith that got into Aviris' corpse came from.

And as long as you're here, you got any advice on what to do about the Dark One's servants? Or anything we could do to further sticking the Dark One back in its box or at least lessening its influence in this world?

Oh, and what did the Dark One do at Then’dranil? Where did all the living creatures from there go? How would it doing what it did that further its goals?

Jer, I think you ought to apologize to the Magus. After all, if he hadn't brought the grapes we'd be done for. Perhaps offer an invitation to the next royal banquet.
>>
No. 564034 ID: 549d6c
File 139318661855.png - (15.34KB , 900x450 , 34.png )
564034

>Thank you.
:MaskedManRUST: We serve…
>Jer, I think you ought to apologize to the Magus. After all, if he hadn't brought the grapes we'd be done for. Perhaps offer an invitation to the next royal banquet.
:MagusRUST: …is the food any good?
:JerichoRUSTED: …”Royal”.
:MagusRUST: Oh right… well, count me in!

>So others are seeking knowledge, do you mind telling us who they are?
:MaskedManRUST: I can’t tell you.
:JerichoRUSTED: …you know, this would be a lot easier if you didn’t keep information from me.
:MaskedManRUST: No, I mean I don’t know. I simply know that there are people seeking information that we would do better that they didn’t know. It was they who ransacked the scholar’s office for example. But… if you feel I’ve been keeping you in the dark… please, do ask away.
:JerichoRUSTED: …err… can’t you see the future or something?
:MaskedManRUST: Technically I am in the future and the past right now… but I do not know it in the future either… at least, not in those futures I live in right now.
>So... is there anything you could do to help us prevent that from happening again?
:MaskedManRUST: Use your spear and a mirror. Draw blood... or in your case, simply wound yourself and the pain will draw it out to the slaughter. The pain will probably dispel any illusions it has made too.
>why do you have a physical body?
:MaskedManRUST: Because I will it… at a price, of course. I’m far weaker then I would be without it… and I have to… feed a lot to keep it functioning… but, it enables me to manipulate this world to my content.

>So, is this wraith fragment from the one that infested Aviris' corpse when he was in the skrang?
:MaskedManRUST: As far as I know, this necromancer, Varius, created four artificial Wraiths. Two of them you killed in his lab, the third infested Aviris, killed his guards and went out into the desert hunting for one of the keystones before being killed by a Vildman… VildWoman… err… Vildkvinna? …and this one, the one we just took care of, was inserted into a dead mummy body and released out into the city by Varius before he left.
>You got any advice on what to do about the Dark One's servants?
:MaskedManRUST: Kill them… and try to keep them from Keer owned cities. I can protect the Serath people from the dark ones direct influence, but they are beyond my domain.
>What did the Dark One do at Then’dranil?
:MaskedManRUST: He used up most of his power to move the people somewhere… either to feed on them or turn them into undead… or maybe both? I don’t know yet. Now… any more questions before I leave? Oh wait… one more thing…
*Scribble*
:JerichoRUSTED: “And so it came to past, the antipode, the jailor, the guardian in green and the apprentice successfully purged the infected… oblivious that the true horde of the daemon marched ever closer…” Shouldn’t you just have told me directly?
:MaskedManRUST: No. This is more fun. Now ask and be enlightened.

Insert How many licks does it take to get to the center of a wraith? …also, what do they taste like?
>>
No. 564036 ID: 4a75fa

Can you offer us any advice for what we should be doing with Brad and the others in the future? You should be there, somewhere, even if we haven't made contact in that time period, yet.
>>
No. 564037 ID: a87e3a

>>564034
Ah, finally, we can see ourselves again.

Bob, how did we summon you without speaking your name in the old tongue? Or was that Gar'cheka whatever thing the right way to do it? Knowing the proper way to summon you would be useful later on.

Secondly, what are we? You should know. Are we daemons? Souls of daemons? Normal lost souls, what?

Thirdly, do you happen to know how to summon Steve? That could come in handy later too.

Fourthly, err, what do you feed on? Souls? It kinda looks like you have a bunch of souls chained to you. Considering what we know about souls (there is no afterlife anymore and they're just sortof energy now) I guess that's not a bad thing in the end...

Fifthly, we have a link to Varius's assistant a few days into the future. What should we attempt to do with that link? Can we stop Varius, or is that impossible because he's already succeeded in the future? Should we just try to gather information, or what?

Lastly, any hints on how to interpret the "three doves" thing? Is there a specific map we should put coins on?
>>
No. 564038 ID: eb10ea

What's the deal with Blue? We have very little intelligence on him right now. Are there other players kicking around?
>>
No. 564049 ID: d0e0a2

Is the oracle/elder of the Sky Watcher tribe getting his-her premonitions and such from you or is it from one of your comrades? And could you help us with the "three doves east of the city" direction in the oracle's letter? We don't expect you to spell it out, of course. Just a small hint, if you please.

Just what is warlord Mor'Kay? Durach said his body is metal and magic, but is the body a prosthesis for a living lizard? A construct with a transplanted soul? A golem?

Where did the corruption that infected Red years ago come from? And what was the source of the corruption that infected Gray?

What were the "harvesters" that the Blood God was trying to make but failed to because he didn't have a master necromancer? I'd like to know because I have a strong feeling we're going to be facing them later and I'd like to prepare for that.

I think we can also let the student ask a brief question. Nothing in-depth since Bob has other places and times he has to be.

>>564038
Yeah, what is up with Blue? And why does he totally hate the Drah'kon royal family? Is he being manipulated by the Dark One?

Also, where's Red in all of this? The only recent activity we've seen of him has been a single pawn in the palace who he asked about Jericho. What's he up to, and who's side is he on in this fight?

>>564036
We can't change anything about Brad's fate we've seen, but we can change things we haven't seen to put us in a better position. Doing something like arranging for a letter to arrive at the Order of Light immediately before Brad is abducted telling them to get a couple rangers out to tail the abductors would fit that.
>>
No. 564064 ID: 9ddf68

My question is do we need the spear to purge wraiths or will anything do really? cause when we switch to Brad or whoever we might get pulled to we won't have the spear anymore, Jericho will... unless we get 1 spear for each king or something?
>>
No. 564066 ID: d0e0a2

>>564064
I'd figure any weapon blessed by the Lightbringer would do just as well against wraiths as the spear, meaning Brad's warhammer would be effective. He would have to do something like smack his nose with it for the blood and pain part, though. Maybe hit his thumb if just pain would do.

Which reminds me: Is Elizah's dagger one of the weapons the Lightbringer empowered during the ancient war? Or is it more recent work? I ask because it's power is similar to his other handiwork we've seen.
>>
No. 564150 ID: 549d6c
File 139326606131.png - (11.37KB , 900x450 , 35.png )
564150

>Bob, how did we summon you without speaking your name in the old tongue? Or was that Gar'cheka whatever thing the right way to do it?
:MaskedManRUST: Ghar’ke Kakcha roughly translates to “I summon thee” in the old tongue… and Bob is my name in this world in all tongues.
>do we need the spear to purge wraiths or will anything do really?
:MaskedManRUST: Anything that is blessed with our powers will do.
>Do you happen to know how to summon Steve? That could come in handy later too.
:MaskedManRUST: I’m sorry, all I can tell you is that his emotion is devotion.
:JerichoRUSTED: You don’t know what he likes?
:MaskedManRUST: No, I promised him not to tell you… because he’s a bit embarrassed about it.
>We have a link to Varius's assistant a few days into the future. What should we attempt to do with that link? Can we stop Varius, or is that impossible because he's already succeeded in the future?
:MaskedManRUST: Impossible? No. Just very unlikely. Do what you think is best.
>Can you offer us any advice for what we should be doing with Brad and the others in the future?
:MaskedManRUST: I’m sorry, but my place is here, not in the north. Just go with the flow.
>Is the oracle/elder of the Sky Watcher tribe getting his-her premonitions and such from you or is it from one of your comrades?
:MaskedManRUST: He gets it from the system of this world.
>Could you help us with the "three doves east of the city" direction in the oracle's letter?
:MaskedManRUST: I have no idea. I haven’t heard that before, not until you said it right now.
>What's the deal with Blue? We have very little intelligence on him right now.
:MaskedManRUST: He’s… well… let’s just say players tends to become like their minions… and his king hate you with passion.
>Are there other players kicking around?
:MaskedManRUST: There are currently 346 artificial gods... no real ones. Of course, there are only four players you need to concern yourself with here.
>Just what is warlord Mor'Kay? Durach said his body is metal and magic, but is the body a prosthesis for a living lizard?
:MaskedManRUST: She’s… a wild card, that’s all I know.
>Where's Red in all of this?
:MaskedManRUST: He controls Mor’kay… and as I said, he’s a wild card. I don’t know exactly what their agenda is… or who’s manipulating them to what end… or if anyone is actually manipulating them at all.
>Is Elizah's dagger one of the weapons the Lightbringer empowered during the ancient war? Or is it more recent work? I ask because it's power is similar to his other handiwork we've seen.
:MaskedManRUST: No, It’s not… and I can’t tell you because you didn’t bring it here for me to study.
>What were the "harvesters" that the Blood God was trying to make but failed to because he didn't have a master necromancer?
:MaskedManRUST: They are a construct, undead in nature and are made to harvest food for us.
>What are we? You should know. Are we daemons? Souls of daemons? Normal lost souls, what?
:MaskedManRUST: You’re… different. You aren’t artificial like the other players… you aren’t a daemon… and you can’t be a soul because they don’t exist, daemon or otherwise… in fact, you don’t seem to be an product of this artificial world at all, like the rest of us…
>What do you feed on? Souls? It kinda looks like you have a bunch of souls chained to you.
:MaskedManRUST: Normally, emotions… but with a physical body I need… more. Don’t worry, those that was consumed will not be missed.
:UnknownKAK: Wait!? YOU EAT PEOPLE!?
:MaskedManRUST: Well, yes… your fear as you’re slowly digested is delicious after all…
:JerichoRUSTED: And… those things behind you? You said souls don’t exist but…
:MaskedManRUST: They are unnourished Daemons. Sentence to spend an eternity locked within their own bodies. We can’t die, no, but if we don’t feed we’ll slowly lose ourselves… Unable to move… unable to scream… only being able to watch… and dream… and lament…

>I think we can also let the student ask a brief question.
:UnknownKAK: Um… why are you helping us?
:MaskedManRUST: As I said, we need to feed, and we do so on the emotions you feel. Happiness… hope… love… they are like stale bread, filling but tasteless. Pain, suffering and despair on the other hand… they are like a grape, delicious but… we need a lot of grapes for it to be as filling as the grapes. Those that are invading are sick on eating stale bread and instead what grapes, even if it means that a majority of our people will starve into nothing.
:UnknownKAK: Err… and you eat people?
:MaskedManRUST: Only if we have a physical form in this world. Emotions carries over to our world, you do not.
:UnknownKAK: Don’t you… feel bad about that?
:MaskedManRUST: It is hard to pity something that is alive, dead, not even born or will never be born depending on witch direction you look at it… and you’re like mayflies to us. Your lives are barley a wink in our eyes.
:UnknownKAK: and Wraiths?
:JerichoRUSTED: Aren’t they like… people you’ve eaten and then shat out?
:MaskedManRUST: I… what? Where did you- never mind… no, they are… well, sometimes memories of your people linger after their death… they become ghost… a ghost touched by one of my kind will be… corrupted and turned into a wraith, a twisted mockery of its former self.
:UnknownKAK: …and the whole player, artificial world and all that stuff you said…
:MaskedManRUST: If I would tell you I would need to eat you afterwards. Trust me, you don’t want to end up in my gut, little man…
:UnknownKAK: Err… r-right… and-
:MaskedManRUST: That’s enough. I’ll need to leave.
:JerichoRUSTED: You have something more important to do?
:MaskedManRUST: No, if I’m going to exist for much longer I’ll need to eat one of you… and you don’t want that, now do you? So… goodbye.

:JerichoRUSTED: …bye?
:MagusRUST: …so… that was… something…
:UnknownKAK: Aw yeah… I’m so going to get a dragon mark!
:MagusRUST: I’m pretty sure you’ll be expelled if you mention summoning a daemon without the arch mages permission.
:UnknownKAK: …son of a bi-

Insert A wild WALL OF TEXT appears! What do you do?
-Fight-Magic-Item-Run-
>>
No. 564154 ID: e9e331

on the bright side you did learn a hell of a lot about deamons so you should still be ahead of most in the field of deamons.

But yeah, we're better now and I have no idea what we have left to do on our list. What's next on the list cause I say do that... or at least check on the prince.
>>
No. 564156 ID: a87e3a

>>564150
That was some delicious exposition. Unfortunately we're back to square one about what we are. Hmm. Daemons with physical form need to eat people, and digest them slowly... like skrangs?

Well, now that the corruption business is dealt with we can get the remaining two stones. Jericho, one of them is in your locket, I believe. The other one is three doves east of the city. Sigh. Find a map, I guess.
>>
No. 564167 ID: dbe554

We're okay and floaty again! *Nibble on Magus in celebration*

We're gonna live! Well at least for a while longer, since we still got player red and blue to deal with and all. We should probably alert pink that we're fine.
>>
No. 564175 ID: 549d6c
File 139327962539.png - (15.32KB , 900x450 , 36.png )
564175

>We should probably alert pink that we're fine.
[Do you wish to send the message “Crisis averted, we’re fine”?]
>We're okay and floaty again! *Nibble on Magus in celebration*
:MagusRUST: *Scratch* Damn bloodsuckers, biting everything they can find.
:JerichoRUSTED: Err… you mean vampires?
:UnknownKAK: He was talking about mosquitos. Insects they exist in wet areas… so you would be hard pressed to find one here.
:MagusRUST: I wasn’t talking about a mosquito… but never mind…

>Hmm. Daemons with physical form need to eat people, and digest them slowly... like skrangs?
Let’s not make the Skrangs even worse, alright?
>Well, now that the corruption business is dealt with we can get the remaining two stones. Jericho, one of them is in your locket, I believe.
Hmm… I need to ask Ilbir about the locket… it’s fully possible that’s there a stone hiding under all the copper…
>The other one is three doves east of the city. Sigh. Find a map, I guess.
But what kind of map? Just the general area or the country or what?
>What's next on the list cause I say do that...
Hmm… we did do some delegation so… visit the royal crypts and… finding that guard you were talking about is the only things I can remember we haven’t done yet.
>or at least check on the prince.
:JerichoRUSTED:
:MagusRUST: Hey, wait! Before you go, remember the ice sphere!



:TemrockRUST: That’s it for today, maggot. I have to say… you’re the worst student I’ve ever had. You’re a disgrace to your title, “Prince”. I hate to say it but… if you are really set to completely fail some more, meet me in the courtyard tomorrow at nine! Do you understand, or are you too much of a chicken to even try?
:ElirazRUST: Oh, I will be there… and I’ll show you! I’ll complete your stupid training… and then I’ll kick your ass… you… big… mean… err… hairy… ape?
:JerichoRUSTED: …you really need to work on your insults.
:ElirazRUST: JER! Oh thank the gods…you’re a sight for sore eyes…
:jerichoRUSTED: How did the training work? …and you smell… rather badly, love.
:ElirazRUST: And you smell divine as always… and well… he didn’t allow me to clean myself yet after… this morning and that wakeup call... and the training… well… I don’t know… I keep failing at everything and Temrock keep yelling at me how useless I am and… I… somehow I want to try even harder to prove myself to him…
:JerichoRUSTED: I’m sure you’ll make him proud to call you his prince, beautiful. Just like I am.
:ElirazRUST: Heh… thank you… but don’t let me bore you with my talk about training… how’s your day been?
:JerichoRUSTED: Well…

Insert What’s that boy? The well has fallen down the well? Quick well, let’s get well so we can save the well in the well!_
>>
No. 564176 ID: a87e3a

>>564175
Message acceptable. I wonder if we should end the policy of screening our messages now?

Howdy Eliraz. Jericho has had an interesting day all told. Two artificial wraiths were still in Varius's lab, but we managed to kill them with the help of a spear delivered from THE FUTURE. Then the lab caught fire and Jericho almost burned to death. After that we found out the wraith from that old mummy was infesting us and managed to trick our status messages so that it looked like we were swiftly being corrupted. Thankfully we managed to summon the Masked Man who killed the Wraith- that was the last one we'll see for a while, by the way- and gave us a juicy infodump.

Hey, I have a question. How far can a dove fly? What is east of the city, anyway? Are there any landmarks nearby?

We should probably check up on The Shaman sometime today.
>>
No. 564180 ID: cae5f0

perhaps wo should add something like "echo corruption%" right above the insert so we can see it instantly if the corruption rises again.
>>
No. 564181 ID: 2f4b71

I wonder if "three doves east of the city" is a lot more literal. Finding the point that is exactly due East of the outer city wall, the width of three coins out, and some indeterminate distance below the ground, isn't a half-bad hiding place.
>>
No. 564192 ID: d90d89

just grab a bunch of maps and get three doves, if any of them come across and landscapes like a city or rune we can see if we can't send someone there to check it out for us.
>>
No. 564199 ID: 549d6c
File 139329145093.png - (11.13KB , 900x450 , 37.png )
564199

>Message acceptable.
[Message sent!]
>We should probably check up on The Shaman sometime today.
…as you’re still here, I’m guessing now is not the time?

>Howdy Eliraz. Jericho has had an interesting day all told…
:ElirazRUST: Wait, the masked guy was a daemon!? I’ve been lead around by a freaking daemon!?
:JerichoRUSTED: Well… he is a nice daemon… kind of….
:ElirazRUST: …and here I thought my day was bad…
:JerichoRUSTED: It probably was worse, actually… it looks like you were hit by a herd of rampaging raptors, even after you cleaned yourself.
:ElirazRUST: It feels like I was hit by one too… at least, it does until you starting rubbing my back… purr~
>Hey, I have a question. How far can a dove fly? What is east of the city, anyway? Are there any landmarks nearby?
:ElirazRUST: To the east? …well, how far east? …and funny you would mention doves… I remember there was this place not far to the east that Elizah and I used to call the dove nest. It had these rocks that almost looked like white birds and there was always a water spring including a lot of plant life there every spring… it’s been years since I was there… last time was when we had a picnic with mom there… a bit lower… there… perfect… oh~

Insert …wait, no rubber ducky song!? WHAT A RIP OFF!! I demand my money back!!_
>>
No. 564200 ID: d90d89

we've got nothing else to go off of so why not, we'll check it out later, so once you're done her lets check on the guard that got messed up by the wraith and then maybe check out the royal crypts.
>>
No. 564204 ID: a87e3a

>>564199
That's it! That's where it must be. We'll have to organize an expedition. You guys rest up, we'll get Thaark to do it, he still hasn't done much today. Oh, we have to ask Ilbir about the pendant, first, actually. See you later!

[switch to Ilbir]
>>
No. 564209 ID: 37aa84

These bird shaped rock formations, there wouldn't happen to be at least three of them would there? That would be about the best lead we have so far.
>>
No. 564211 ID: eb10ea

I think the training is to test strength of will; that tends to be a thing when dealing with illusions and whatnot.

Okay, we've been saying we need to check the royal crypts for like three days and almost as many threads, so we should go to Ilbir and Threen and, I don't know, as least get the paperwork started? You kids have fun.
>>
No. 564240 ID: d0e0a2

Eliraz, the letter said "three doves east of the city." Does that fit with what your "dove nest" looked like? Maybe the "three doves" are Elizah, Eliraz and... Leanah? Jericho? ...Eliros? Well, whatever. It's the best lead we've got and it's not far so we may as well check it out.

Does Eliros know about the "dove nest" too? Because if he does we'll have to be careful and bring extra guards along for the trip. Not because I think Eliros would be going there for a keystone, but rather because it's a water source he would have told his allies of and there could be tribesmen camped there. Heck, for all we know Eliros could be camped there.

Oh, Jer, you also need to get the keystone we recovered from Elitrin's statue from Ilbir or Thaark and put it in your internal storage ASAP. And make sure to incinerate Varius' note on the Blood God right away and spread its ashes to the wind. The last thing we need is it getting loose and more people learning how to summon him.

Okay, here's the plan: You two finish up here and then maybe Eliraz could take advantage of the massage his harem offers. Meanwhile we'll jump over to Ilbir, tell him about the wraith and that we're not corrupted, and ask him to look over Reizn's findings on Jericho's locket. Then we'll grab a map and a mirror and go see Elizah. We'll have her check us in the mirror to see we're not corrupted, tell her it was a wraith fooling us, then ask her to show Ilbir on the map where the "dove nest" is. Next we'll jump to Thaark, reassure him we're not corrupted, go meet up with Ilbir, and then gather up Kranhon, Thuul, and some guards and supplies for the trip to the "dove nest."

While they're en route: Jer, find out where that catatonic guard from the mess with the mummy is, have him brought to the mirror room, and use the counter-wraith technique Bob told you on him to check if he's infected by a wraith fragment and put it down if he is. If he isn't then collect some of his blood and send it to the Academy to test its life essence for corruption. Then Jer and Eliraz can investigate the royal crypts if Eliraz is still up for it. Otherwise Jer could go there with Artemis instead since neither of them need to sleep.
>>
No. 564248 ID: 4a75fa

I think suggesting a bath might be in order.

>how’s your day been?
Way too much demon stuff.
>>
No. 564280 ID: 549d6c
File 139335435465.png - (15.25KB , 900x450 , 38.png )
564280

>Make sure to incinerate Varius' note on the Blood God right away and spread its ashes to the wind.
I already burned it… did it before we summoned Bob.
>Oh, Jer, you also need to get the keystone we recovered from Elitrin's statue from Ilbir or Thaark and put it in your internal storage ASAP.
I’ll take it the next time I meet them.

>I think the training is to test strength of will; that tends to be a thing when dealing with illusions and whatnot.
:ElirazRUST: Huh… that would be logical, yes… why didn’t I think about that?
>These bird shaped rock formations, there wouldn't happen to be at least three of them would there?
:ElirazRUST: I… can’t remember… I remember a lot of rocks there but… can’t recall if there were three that looked like doves or just two…
>Does Eliros know about the "dove nest" too?
:ElirazRUST: He does… but he has no reason to be there. It’s all dried up this time of the year.

>Okay, here's the plan: You two finish up here and then maybe Eliraz could take advantage of the massage his harem offers.
>Jer, find out where that catatonic guard from the mess with the mummy is, have him brought to the mirror room, and use the counter-wraith technique Bob told you on him to check if he's infected by a wraith fragment and put it down if he is.
>Then Jer and Eliraz can investigate the royal crypts if Eliraz is still up for it. Otherwise Jer could go there with Artemis instead since neither of them need to sleep.
:JerichoRUSTED: Sounds like a plan.
:ElirazRUST: We should take lunch somewhere in there too… I’m starting to get a bit peckish… now, my knight, turn around and I’ll return the favor~

>[switch to Ilbir]
:ThaarkRUST: Hmmm… we didn’t hit anything on this map either.
:IlbirRUST: Of course we didn’t. If we already know it was there it would have been plundered years ago. Just keep marking the locations on the map.
:ThaarkRUST: How many maps do you even have of this area!?
:IlbirRUST: Don’t worry, I only got two more. Now, hand me the doves.

Insert Yaar! Check ye map and dig for booty!_
>>
No. 564282 ID: a87e3a

>>564280
Hi guys, we figured it out. There's a water spring east of the city called the "dove nest" with some statues that look kindof like white birds.

Ilbir, have you got that locket open yet?
>>
No. 564283 ID: d90d89

[ding]

hey Ilbir, we think we might have found something, every heard of dove nest?
>>
No. 564313 ID: d0e0a2

*Coo coo* (It's a dove call, okay.) Hey, guys. Anything happen since we left you? Other than pouring over maps, that is.

You'll be glad to hear the source of our corruption is gone, and it turns out we weren't nearly as corrupted as we thought. The source was actually a wraith fragment from that mummy that got stuck in us. It was screwing with our perception to try and get us to either suicide or summon the Blood God. Thankfully we summoned the Masked Man and he took care of it. There's a lot more that happened, but it's too much to say here. Just ask Jericho for the whole story later.

Ilbir, did you take a look over Reizn's findings yet? 'Cause we really need to find out what the magic artifact in the locket does soon.

You can also stop putting coins on maps. We mentioned the "three doves" direction to Eliraz and he remembered an old picnic spot east of the city that he, Elizah and Leanah use to go to years ago that had rock formations that looked kinda like doves that they called the "dove nest." We think that's our best lead right now, and it's not far so we may as well check it out. Considering that the rest of the directions are linked in some way to Jericho, I strongly suspect it'll be there.

Grab a map of the surrounding terrain and we'll go find Elizah and ask her to point out where the "dove nest" is on it. Also bring along a mirror so she can check that we're not, in fact, corrupted and tell her about the wraith. We already sent Pink a message that we're fine but this'll confirm it.

Now, who's going to go on this trip? I'm thinking we want a small group, and one not in Serath Kingdom colors, since either might draw attention for an ambush. So Thaark, Thuul, and maybe Kranhon if he drops anything that IDs him as Serath Kingdom military and wears civilian clothes.
>>
No. 564438 ID: 549d6c
File 139343430310.png - (15.35KB , 900x450 , 39.png )
564438

>[ding]
:ThaarkRUST: Ring-a-
:IlbirRUST: No.
:ThaarkRUST: Aw…
>You'll be glad to hear the source of our corruption is gone, and it turns out we weren't nearly as corrupted as we thought.
:IlbirRUST: Well, that’s good news.
:ThaarkRUST: Really good news. I didn’t want to be eaten by some kind of demonic entity today at all.
>Anything happen since we left you? Other than pouring over maps, that is.
:IlbirRUST: Um… nothing really…

>Ilbir, have you got that locket open yet?
:IlbirRUST: Kind of hard to do, as Jericho still got it. Hmm, I’ll ask about it the next time I see him.
>Ilbir, did you take a look over Reizn's findings yet?
:IlbirRUST: I took a quick peek but… it’s possible that it’s a key stone… or some other artifact from the ancient time… either way, we better take a look at it.
>There's a water spring east of the city called the "dove nest" with some statues that look kindof like white birds.
:IlbirRUST: Dove nest? I’ve never heard about it… are you sure?
:ThaarkRUST: It isn’t on any of these maps either…
>Grab a map of the surrounding terrain and we'll go find Elizah and ask her to point out where the "dove nest" is on it.
:IlbirRUST: The princess is somewhere in the city right now, talking with someone about gods know what. Either way, she isn’t available right now.
:TheenRUST: Aw… I wanted to watch that nice, perky- Ow!
:ThaarkRUST: Theen…
:TheenRUST: I was going to say eyes! Honest!
>Now, who's going to go on this trip? Thaark, Thuul, and maybe Kranhon?
:IlbirRUST: Kranhon got a busy schedule right now so he’s out.
:TheenRUST: Wait, what about me?
:ThaarkRUST: You’re still hurt, Theen. No more missions for you until you’ve healed properly.
:TheenRUST: But I can still fight, dammit! Don’t just leave me here!
:ThaarkRUST: Well, you can’t leave the city like that! You’re going to have to be content sitting this one out, Theen.
:TheenRUST: *Grumble* I really wish for some action right now…

Insert Like a fight against two assassins bursting through the door?_
>>
No. 564442 ID: e9e331

you mean like those two guys point crossbows at your back right now? Either way you man what to move unless an arrow in the ass sounds like a good way to kill an evening?
>>
No. 564446 ID: d0e0a2

Alert: Hostiles! Two lizards in the doorway, both wielding crossbows! Take cover or dodge!

Ilbir, yell for help, and if you have the magic to make a bright flash of firelight right in front of the attackers faces, do it! That'll temporarily blind them.

[Emotion/thought to Theen: DANGER! GET DOWN!] Ilbir, dive behind your desk! Thaark, shove Theen over and get behind the desk. Get low, grab it and use it as a shield from the bolts as you charge the attackers.

[Touch attackers to read pawn status and ownership]

It looks like after we're done here we'll have to meet back up with Jericho and Eliraz to deal with the locket and to find out where the "dove nest" is.
>>
No. 564448 ID: 4a75fa

Attackers behind you, guys.
>>
No. 564451 ID: 3f0c1b

Give Theen a smack in the back of the head with the words "BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!"... after you survive this that is.
>>
No. 564457 ID: 549d6c
File 139344402344.png - (14.20KB , 900x450 , 40.png )
564457

>[Touch attackers to read pawn status and ownership]
[These pawns aren’t owned by a player!]

>Attackers behind you, guys.
:ThaarkRUST: GET DOWN!
:IlbirRUST: AH!!
>Ilbir, yell for help.
:IlbirRUST: Guards! GUARDS!!
:UnknownKAK: Pull back and burn them out!
:UnknownKAK: AAAH!! He got my leg!!
:TheenRUST: Got one!
:UnknownKAK: Just throw it in and run! We need to regroup with the others!
:UnknownKAK: B-but… my leg…
:ThaarkRUST: Do you guys smell something burning?

Insert Chest high walls… the arch-nemesis of projectiles everywhere.
>>
No. 564463 ID: a87e3a

>>564457
Hmm, no Player affiliation? Looks like either demon-worshippers infiltrated the castle, or these are hired mercenaries by Blue. Or even members of the army given orders without being pawns.\

They're about to throw in some kind of firebomb. Um, I'm not sure what you can do about it. Either rush out before it starts a fire you can't get past, or redirect it out the window.
>>
No. 564464 ID: 8a4be6

they're probably torching the place. So how high are you guys off the ground? and how the hell did all three of you get behind that puny ass desk, I mean that thing is barely big enough to cover Ilbir let alone all three of you.
>>
No. 564467 ID: d315b1

>>564457
They're trying to burn you out. Your best bet is to attack now before they can block off your only exit.
>>
No. 564469 ID: d0e0a2

Shit! They're about to throw a firebomb in here! That is, unless they threw it in the hall. Either way, Thaark, grab Theen's walking stick and rush to the door to push it closed. If they throw anything in here use the stick to either knock it back at them or out the window.

It looks like the hallway is on fire... Somehow. Isn't the hallway stonework? That shouldn't burn, so there'd only be carpeting and furniture to fuel the fire. Just how much of that is out there? Anyway, it's looking like you're not going out that way.

Ilbir, if there's a secret exit from your office now would be the time to use it. And if there isn't one, then how secure are those window bars from this side? And how high up are you? Hmm... Maybe if the fire isn't too bad you could wait it out, or even pull those banners down and use them to smother it. ...Or we can switch to Jericho and get some ice magic up in here. Yeah, that sounds like a good option.

Also, Ilbir, grab whatever book or document you consider the most important from here, 'cause there's a fair chance everything in here is going to burn.

And those two were pawns, but they weren't claimed by a player. Unfortunately all that tells us is they weren't directly influenced by a player. There's still plenty of indirect ways a player could have gotten them to do this. Or a player might not have even had a hand in this. Or a daemon. All we know is there's others they're regrouping with, so this is bigger than just two lizards.
>>
No. 564473 ID: 549d6c
File 139345101659.png - (15.43KB , 900x450 , 41.png )
564473

>They're trying to burn you out.
:IlbirRUST: But there’s books in here! THINK ABOUT THE BOOKS!!
>So how high are you guys off the ground?
:ThaarkRUST: We’re on the fifth floor… we’re probably not going to make it if we jump.
:IlbirRUST: Neither will the books!
>Um, I'm not sure what you can do about it. Either rush out before it starts a fire you can't get past, or redirect it out the window.
:ThaarkRUST: Right, I’m charging. Theen, cove-
:IlbirRUST: EAT FIRE, BOOK BURNERS!
:UnknownKAK: …oh son of a-

*Boom!*

:ThaarkRUST: …What did you do?
:IlbirRUST: I started a fire inside the flask holding all the volatile liquid. No one burns a book on my watch!
:ThaarkRUST: Well… now we got a raging fire between us and the only way out of here…
:IlbirRUST: Relax, it exploded in the stairwell. There’s nothing flammable out there, just stone.
:TheenRUST: They said they were going to regroup… there’s probably more assassins out there right now.
:ThaarkRUST: …son of a- they are going for several people at the same time… who else is on their hit list?
:TheenRUST: We should have asked those two… if we didn’t burn them alive…

Insert They were real ASSassins… get it? …get it? …he…ehh… I’ll be quiet…_
>>
No. 564477 ID: d90d89

so if you guys just waited in here you don't have to be worried about being burned right? If so we can switch to someone else and work on this thing from the outside.
>>
No. 564481 ID: d0e0a2

Thaark, knock the door closed with your port-a-pole then rip a banner down and stuff it in the gap under the door. That'll block the flow of air up the stairwell into here and out the window, hopefully keeping the flames out there and also starve them of fresh air so they'll burn out sooner.

Point out to Theen that if they hadn't burned alive we would have burned alive, which would make catching up with and interrogating them just a wee bit hard what with being dead and all.

There is one good thing about the fire keeping you in: It'll also keep the other assassins out. Just don't walk in front of the window so they can't shoot at anybody in here, but if possible keep an eye on what's going on out there using a mirror.

We're gonna switch over to Jericho or Eliraz and see if we can find the other assassins before they strike; Maybe capture one. We'll also send a message to Pink so she can warn Elizah to be on guard.

[Send message to Pink: Failed assassination attempt on Ilbir. Two would-be assassins, one wearing palace guard uniform. One mentioned "regrouping with others." Presume multiple other assassins, targets unknown. Alert Elizah.]

[Switch to "The Pebble" or "The Thief"]
>>
No. 564490 ID: a87e3a

>>564473
I think we'd better go check on Jericho and Eliraz. The Acolyte is probably not on their hit list. Be safe.

[switch to Jericho]
>>
No. 564491 ID: dbe554

Huh, forgot Ilbir is a bit badass when he wants to be.

Anyways we should check on the others.
>>
No. 564569 ID: 4a75fa

>burn us out
...they set wooden doorway and on fire in a stone castle. Take down the phallic curtains, and there's nothing for the fire to spread across to reach the books, or you guys. Just let the fire burn itself out, and you'll be fine. Heck, there's even an open window, so smoke won't be a problem.
>>
No. 564581 ID: 549d6c
File 139352373679.png - (11.47KB , 900x450 , 42.png )
564581

>[Send message to Pink: Failed assassination attempt on Ilbir. Two would-be assassins, one wearing palace guard uniform. One mentioned "regrouping with others." Presume multiple other assassins, targets unknown. Alert Elizah.]
[Message sent!]
>Thaark, knock the door closed with your port-a-pole then rip a banner down and stuff it in the gap under the door. That'll block the flow of air up the stairwell into here and out the window, hopefully keeping the flames out there and also starve them of fresh air so they'll burn out sooner.
:ThaarkRUST: A bit overkill but…
:IlbirRUST: Keep that flame away from my books!
>Point out to Theen that if they hadn't burned alive we would have burned alive, which would make catching up with and interrogating them just a wee bit hard what with being dead and all.
:TheenRUST: I’m just saying, if no one was burned alive we should have had information we don’t have right now.
>Give Theen a smack in the back of the head with the words "BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!"
:TheenRUST: Ow! Thank you sir, may I have another? …wait, what do you mean, careful? This was awesome!



>[Switch to "The Pebble" or "The Thief"]
:ElirazRUST: Hmmm… how about this one… Why do the Keer wear nightwear when they are riding raptors?
:JerichoRUSTED: Because… they get… err…
:ElirazRUST: Because they lie down when they sprint!
:JerichoRUSTED: *Snrk*
:ElirazRUST: Why do they wear knitted caps instead of steel helmets?
:JerichoRUSTED: Hmm… dunno…
:ElirazRUST: One of them dropped a steel helmet and a knitted cap from their highest tower. The helmet broke while the cap was fine!
:JerichoRUSTED: Oh, I got one! Why do they wear slippers when they are riding raptors?
:ElirazRUST: I… haven’t actually heard that one…
:JerichoRUSTED: Because it fits so well with the nightwear and knitted caps! Why does the Keer have a headache?
:ElirazRUST: Hmm…
:JerichoRUSTED: Because some dumbass dropped a steel helmet from a tower!
:ElirazRUST: Ha! I have to remember that o-
*Click*
:ElirazRUST: Did someone just unlock the door?

Insert It’s not racist if the race is made up! Honest!_
>>
No. 564587 ID: a87e3a

>>564581
Ilbir was just attacked by assassins. I expect you are about to be visited by more. I'm thinking you could make some fortifications with thick ice.
>>
No. 564594 ID: d90d89

oh hey guys, just use, we just want to let you know that assassins are roaming freely through the palace so you might want to be on guard.
>>
No. 564597 ID: d0e0a2

Jer, ice up the door hinges and latch mechanism solid! Quickly! Ice the whole thing into the frame too if it won't use up too much magic! And if it opens inwards then the both of you shove that cabinet in front of it!

Okay, here's the reason for that: There was a failed assassination attempt on Ilbir. The two would-be assassins are dead, but what we overheard them say indicates there is an unknown number of other assassins, targets unknown. So right now paranoia and extreme reactions to doors unexpectedly unlocking is totally justified.

Also, one of the assassins was in a palace guard uniform. One you're out of here you shouldn't totally trust any guard you run into until we root out all the assassins.

We've alerted Pink to this too, so hopefully Elizah will be on guard if any of them come for her.

And we also brushed them to check their pawn status and they were both pawns, but not taken by a player. Unfortunately that only rules out a direct player connection, though. We'll need to capture at least on of the assassins for interrogation to get to the bottom of this, so if you get the chance try to do that instead of killing them.
>>
No. 564598 ID: d315b1

>>564581
Ah, those must be the assassins. See if you can't just freeze them through the door.
>>
No. 564603 ID: 549d6c
File 139353466391.png - (11.60KB , 900x450 , 43.png )
564603

>Ah, those must be the assassins.
:ElirazRUST: THE WHAT!?
>Also, one of the assassins was in a palace guard uniform. One you're out of here you shouldn't totally trust any guard you run into until we root out all the assassins.
:JerichoRUSTED: Right… don’t trust the people we’re supposed to trust…
>so if you get the chance try capture them alive instead of killing them.
:ElirazRUST: I… I see what I can do…

>Jer, ice up the door hinges and latch mechanism solid! Quickly! Ice the whole thing into the frame too if it won't use up too much magic!
*Dunk*
:UnknownKAK: Something is blocking the door!
:UnknownKAK: Then cut it down!
:UnknownKAK: Allow me…
*CRASH!*
:ElirazRUST: WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THING!?
:CorruptedRUSTED: Face one of the chosen ones of the new god!

Insert Wannabe Cthulhu_
>>
No. 564610 ID: a87e3a

>>564603
Oh dear, we don't want THAT alive.

Freeze its hand to the wall. Set fire to its body. Do you two have any weapons?
>>
No. 564611 ID: 9ddf68

oh so that's what a corrupted pawn looks like... hit it with a fire ball
>>
No. 564624 ID: d0e0a2

...Jer, I won't ask why the Spear of Light is in the bath with you and Eliraz. Right now I'm just extremely glad it's here.

Jump out of the bath, slice the tendril leading to the wall and freeze the Corrupted's tentacles to wherever they touch (preferably on stone) to anchor it in position. Create a localized inferno on it's other side to roast it. Then jab the spear through the hole in the door into its core, making sure to stand to the side of the doorway when you do so it can't fire a tendril into you.

Also, it looks like slime is dripping from the tendril. It's probably horrible, nasty stuff so watch out for that when you're moving about.
>>
No. 564628 ID: 549d6c
File 139354210928.png - (12.44KB , 900x450 , 44.png )
564628

>...Jer, I won't ask why the Spear of Light is in the bath with you and Eliraz. Right now I'm just extremely glad it's here.
I… I don’t actually know where it came from… I just kind of pulled it out? Hmm… in fact, where did I put it after I used it last time?
>Freeze its hand to the wall. Set fire to its body.
I can’t! It’s like when we were fighting gray… I can’t… I can’t focus on it… it’s like it’s not really… it’s all wrong!
>Hit it with a fire ball!
That’s more like it!
:JerichoRUSTED: By fire, be purged!
:CorruptedRUSTED: We are already pure, mortal! Don’t think your puny flames will hurt me!
>Slice the tendril leading to the wall!
I’m trying to! It’s just so damn fast!
>Then jab the spear through the hole in the door into its core.
:JerichoRUSTED: Yarg!!
*Crash!*
Err… well, the door is gone… but I was able to jam the spear… somewhere…

Insert Dammit, Jer, cover yourself! Don’t you have any shame?_
>>
No. 564636 ID: 9ddf68

duck damnit duck, the thing is about to stab you from behind with something. also feel free to keep stabbing and and burning it.
>>
No. 564638 ID: a87e3a

Can't focus on it? Fine. Since fire doesn't seem to work, surround yourself with ice and then make that ice SPIKY. Use the water from the tub to boost the available ice you have. Maybe now that it's impaled on your spear you could swing it around to skewer it on ice spikes you place on the walls or floor.

Also watch out, that tendril's coming around for another strike. Don't let it core you! I really wish you had your armor on right now.
>>
No. 564652 ID: d0e0a2

Can't target the Corrupted directly, eh? Well, you can still target everything else.

Stinger incoming from behind, Jer. Create thick ice on your back and front to protect your core. You're sopping wet so there ought to be plenty of water to work with for that.

You've got the spear in it and that gives you leverage. Glaze the floor under it and around you towards the tub with mirror-smooth ice, then swing the Corrupted along it and knock it over into the tub. Try to put the Corrupted between you and its stinger while doing that to try and block it. Then yank the spear free, flash freeze the water around half the Corrupted solid, and keep jabbing the spear into the exposed half.

Eliraz, stop hiding under the bathwater like a cowardly whelp, get out and help Jericho! Grab hold of that stinger! Or are you too much of a limp wristed, noodle armed disgrace to the Drah'kon family name to do even that?! Bah! May as well stay under and drown! It'll save everyone from suffering your failure!

[Message to Pink: The assassins are daemon cultists! Corrupted abomination attacking Jericho and Eliraz in Eliraz's bathroom right now! Victory uncertain; Requesting backup.]
>>
No. 564693 ID: 549d6c
File 139360362843.png - (12.06KB , 900x450 , 45.png )
564693

>[Message to Pink: The assassins are daemon cultists! Corrupted abomination attacking Jericho and Eliraz in Eliraz's bathroom right now! Victory uncertain; Requesting backup.]
[Message sent!]
>Eliraz, stop hiding under the bathwater like a cowardly whelp, get out and help Jericho!
Wait… where is Eliraz!? He isn’t in the tub!
>Watch out, that tendril's coming around for another strike. Don't let it core you!
Death successfully avoided another day…
:CorruptedRUSTED: Feed us…
>Create thick ice on your back and front to protect your core. Make that ice SPIKY.
[Temporary spike ice armor received!]

>You've got the spear in it and that gives you leverage. Glaze the floor under it and around you towards the tub with mirror-smooth ice, then swing the Corrupted along it and knock it over into the tub.
:JerichoRUSTED: -and in the tub you go!
*Sheeesh!!*
:JerichoRUSTED: Wait, why did the water start to boil all the su-
:CorruptedRUSTED: *Hurck* *Hng* *Barf*
:JerichoRUSTED: …and it’s about to barf?

Insert I know some people doesn’t like bath but geez…_
>>
No. 564696 ID: 37aa84

Try freezing the water around him. Can you make the water flow over him before freezing it? Encasing him completely in ice may leave whatever he is supposed to be alive while still subduing it.
>>
No. 564703 ID: 4a75fa

>where is Eliraz!? He isn’t in the tub!
Maybe he did a Shadow thing to get out of the way. He was kind of naked and unarmed.

>it's barfing
...dunno if that's some kind of attack, or if water's just bad for it. Either way, make with the spear-stabby.
>>
No. 564717 ID: d0e0a2

Incoming firebomb! Behind you, just above your head! Freeze it solid or snuff the wick with ice and either grab it out of the air to use later or bat it into the tub with your spear. Don't even think about using it on the Corrupted since that abomination appears to be immune to fire. And snuff the fire on the floor in case the firebomb's bottle breaks.

I'm going to assume the Corrupted is getting ready to projectile vomit something horribly damaging onto you and suggest you take cover. Try to get out into the hall, but if you can't then take cover next to the cabinet. Try to flash freeze the steam into a wall of ice to block whatever it pukes up.

Eliraz probably did his shadow-walk thing to get out of here and arm himself or get help. At least, I hope that's what happened to him. Better [check pawn status] to be sure.
>>
No. 564726 ID: a87e3a

>>564693
Just freeze the steam and the firebomb and run. You can far more easily deal with whoever's outside than this thing.
>>
No. 564728 ID: 549d6c
File 139361297094.png - (12.99KB , 900x450 , 46.png )
564728

>[check pawn status]
[“The Pebble” is in combat! “The Thief” is in combat! “The Acolyte” is wounded! “The Warrior” is bored! “The Scholar” status is normal! “The Shaman” is uniting!]
[Message from Player Pink: Acolyte knight piece successfully defended. Daemon hunter knight piece was wounded in the process!]

>Maybe he did a Shadow thing to get out of the way. He was kind of naked and unarmed.
Yes, that has to be it… he can disappear, after all.
>Try freezing the water around him. Can you make the water flow over him before freezing it?
It’s boiling! I can’t make ice out of boiling water or steam! It’s too hot!
>Incoming firebomb! Behind you, just above your head! Freeze it solid!
Holy crap! Nice catch!

>I'm going to assume the Corrupted is getting ready to projectile vomit something horribly damaging onto you and suggest you take cover.
:CorruptedRUSTED: *BARF!*
*Shhhh!*
:JerichoRUSTED: Hey! Stop puking acid all over my clothes, you jerk!
>Make with the spear-stabby.
Hmm… let me try out a theory I have about this spear…
:CorruptedRUSTED: OW! Not the eye, you asshole!! IT BURNS!!!
:ElirazRUST: Guards! Charge!
:GuardRUST: Surrender or die!
:UnknownKAK: Shit! Incoming!
:CorruptedRUSTED: Ergh… pull back… PULL BACK!
:UnknownKAK: Argh! Not my spleen!
:UnknownKAK: Open up the damn portal! NOW!!
:CorruptedRUSTED: Trying… got a spear in my eye…
:JerichoRUSTED: Err…

Insert Eye have it! Eye have the spear!_
>>
No. 564731 ID: 76b151

Oh Spear of Light it is time to Ignite!
>>
No. 564732 ID: a87e3a

>>564728
Can you summon the spear back? Then you could stab this other guy. Or you could leave the spear in since it seems to be causing issues for the otherwise-unassailable foe, and you could just freeze this other guy.

You need to hit that thing with something to disrupt the portal that's forming. An iceball?
>>
No. 564734 ID: 9ddf68

quickly, freeze the cultist guy in place so we have someone to question later... and maybe lob a few more fire balls at spear-face there to see if we can't finish the thing off.

Can we ping our own players without switching to them? If so ping The Warrior The blind chick is in trouble so if you can help her please do so, we're kinda dealing with others things now so we're having a bitch of a time.

Also ping pink [if your deamon hunter piece needs help tell us where and we'll try to send someone there way, also our Acolyte piece is wounded so if you have anyone around the temple could you check in on her?]
>>
No. 564740 ID: d0e0a2

...Did you just teleport the spear through the Corrupted's head or did we just miss you throwing it? 'Cause if you 'ported it: Holy crap, that's awesome!

For now leave your spear in the Corrupted's eye to impede its portal creation. Don't waste your magic on the mundane assassin. Just elbow him back on his arse as you push forward.

Snap up the frozen firebomb, take cover behind the tub and lob it at the wall near to where the portal is forming. Recall your spear and burn the firebomb. The tub and remaining water ought to protect you from the blast.

[Message to Pink: We thank you for the assist. Remaining assassins falling back; Corrupted creating escape portal. Will attempt to disrupt. Request position of Acolyte, Daemon Hunter; Will regroup there to defend once done here.]
>>
No. 564741 ID: a87e3a

>>564734
Let's not send the second half of that message. The demon hunter defended the acolyte, so Pink knows about her injuries.
>>
No. 564751 ID: 549d6c
File 139362549220.png - (18.75KB , 900x450 , 47.png )
564751

>Ping The Warrior The blind chick is in trouble so if you can help her please do so, we're kinda dealing with others things now so we're having a bitch of a time.
[Message sent!]
>[Message to Pink: We thank you for the assist. Remaining assassins falling back; Corrupted creating escape portal. Will attempt to disrupt. Request position of Acolyte, Daemon Hunter; Will regroup there to defend once done here.]
[Message sent!]
[Message from Pink: Royal dinner hall.]

>Oh Spear of Light it is time to Ignite!
I… I have no idea what you’re trying to accomplish here…
>...Did you just teleport the spear through the Corrupted's head or did we just miss you throwing it?
I threw it, of course… but I was hoping I should be able to teleport it back into my hand for another throw.
>Quickly, freeze the cultist guy in place so we have someone to question later!
I don’t have much magic left in me… and he seems unarmed. Magic isn’t the answer to everything you know.
>You need to hit that thing with something to disrupt the portal that's forming.
Hmm… maybe I should try recalling my spear and throw it again… or…
>Snap up the frozen firebomb…
hmm…



*BOOM!!*
:CorruptedRUSTED: M-mommy… h-help us… I’m afraid… m-mother… will… w-will I dream w-with you?
:UnknownKAK: ARG!!
:GuardRUST: That was the last of them, sir!
:ElirazRUST: I… I… I…
:GuardRUST: Sir?
:ElirazRUST:
:GuardRUST: Lord Jericho, are you alright?
:JerichoRUSTED: I’m fine… can’t say the same for the cultist…
:ElirazRUST:

Insert dot dot dot motherfucker_
>>
No. 564754 ID: a87e3a

>>564751
We gotta make for the royal dinner hall next to regroup and see if there are any surviving cultists. Or maybe one of the cultists was undercover as a guard? If so we could probably resurrect them and force them to spill the beans as a servant undead.
>>
No. 564755 ID: 9ddf68

Elizar, you need to snap out of it, we're not done yet. Jer, get some pants on and take the guards to the royal dining hall, pink needs some help. We need to check in on blindy because she's in trouble, we'll join back up with you two once we've made sure she's fine.
>>
No. 564756 ID: a87e3a

Oh and Jericho see if you can get your real armor on, if it's out here.

ELIRAZ QUIT BEING A WUSS
>>
No. 564769 ID: 3f0c1b

So it's time to move it to the Royal Dining Hall.

>Magic isn’t the answer to everything you know.
LIES!
>>
No. 564771 ID: 549d6c
File 139363855732.png - (16.87KB , 900x450 , 48.png )
564771

>Oh and Jericho see if you can get your real armor on, if it's out here.
Luckily, Eliraz saved my clothes when he looted his own clothes from the dresser.
>LIES!
At least it wasn’t statistics.

>maybe one of the cultists was undercover as a guard?
:GuardRUST: This isn’t a guard armor. They simply donned red steel armor. It would easily fool someone at a distance but if you look closely you’ll notice that they are the wrong shape and missing the official seal.
>see if there are any surviving cultists.
Well, the one I knocked over is still alive… but unconscious.

>So it's time to move it to the Royal Dining Hall.
:TeraRUST: I’m fine, really! I just hit my head when Artemis tackled me to the ground.
:ThaarkRUST: I still think you should have that checked. You might have gotten a concussion.
:TeraRUST: Oh hey, here’s the rest. How are you guys? Met any assassins lately?
:ArtemisRUST: I saved lady Tera from mean people! I’m a super hero!
:JerichoRUSTED: Let’s just say it ended with an explosion.
:TeraRUST: Cool! Our ruffle just ended with two broken necks, sadly…

>Elizar, you need to snap out of it, we're not done yet.
:ElirazRUST: I… I murdered s-someone…
:JerichoRUSTED: You killed someone. Not murder. It was in self-defense.
:ElirazRUST: I… I took someone’s life away…
:JerichoRUSTED: Someone that tried to take yours. These weren’t good people, yo-
:ElirazRUST: How do you know that!? For all we know she should have been forced to do this!? What if she had a family? …what if… what if I just orphaned a bunch of kids… I… I ca-
>ELIRAZ QUIT BEING A WUSS!
:JerichoRUSTED: HEY! DON’T TALK LIKE THAT TO HIM, YOU BASTARD!
:ArtemisRUST: You mean!
:TeraRUST: Yeah! You big meanie!
:ThaarkRUST: …he does have a bit of a point, this isn’t really the time to have a breakdown…
:TeraRUST: But she doesn’t need to be so mean about it.
:ThaarkRUST: Well… true…

Insert Big Blue Meanie!_
>>
No. 564775 ID: a87e3a

>>564771
Eliraz, you know you can just get them raised from the dead if anyone misses them and they have any chance of being regretful.
>>
No. 564780 ID: 9ddf68

>>564775
this would also help with interrogation since most undead can't really lie if asked a direct question.

But yeah, the thing about killing, be glade you hate it. It shows that you're not a monster. But you got caught up in something were fighting will be unavoidable, people WILL die, and all you can do is make sure it isn't someone you care about.

Anyways can we send a message to pink [how did you fair, everyone make it out alright?]

Also what the hell is going on with theen? I'm seeing fire and letters around him. Oh and does anyone know if the princess or the sultan is ok? I mean I'm not sure if this whole attack was on play's pieces or on people of importance the royal family to help throw some favor in the tribals favor should things turn into fight with the group advancing towards the city. Not saying the tribals are responsible but that doesn't mean that someone is using them to further they're own goals.
>>
No. 564781 ID: a87e3a

>>564780
I think the lady guard is telling him to go to hell. Poor Theen... we gotta find him a mean girl who will give him an awful time.

Checking on the princess seems like a good idea, sure. If she's okay and nobody else is under attack then this is a good time to switch to The Shaman, come to think of it. We'll probably come back in time to see what the Dove Nest is like.
>>
No. 564788 ID: d0e0a2

[Slap meanie] ...Insensitive clod... ...Wait a sec. How'd Artemis hear him? None of you repeated what he said, did you? So... Artemis, explain.

Eliraz, you did the only thing you could in the situation. If you hadn't it would have been your life taken, and then maybe a guard's or even Jericho's. And, sad to say, there will be more situations like that one to come, and more battles to fight. That said, it does not mean you have to resign yourself to always kill in them. There are non-lethal ways out there. Weapons and martial skills that disarm and disable. With the resources you have at your disposal you can acquire or learn many of them to use before resorting to killing.

Now, where's Ilbir? Jer needs to get the keystone recovered from Elitrin's statue from him, as well as give him his locket to examine. We could also use a situation report from him on what happened here; How the cultists got in, who was targeted, who was killed, anything that was taken or appeared to be targeted to be destroyed, and so on. Oh, and see if we can get Kranhon up here as well. We never did pawn check him and really should do that ASAP.

Oh, nearly forgot. Tera, Varius submitted the necro-attachment technique he used on Thaark to the Academy before he went mad and ran off to the Northlands. They've reproduced his results and it's legit. You can head there anytime to read how he did it. You might even be able to arrange to be instructed by the Academy to perform the technique since you're officially an apprentice to the royal necromancer.

>>564781
I think she's actually telling Theen to go stick his dick in a fire, which unfortunately for her is exactly what he'd like. Thaark, could you get Theen to stop hitting on the guard before things escalate and he gets arrested.

And we do know of a certain female mantis doctor who'd likely give Theen the most exquisitely painful experience of his life. Problem is she's in the Northlands and nine months into the future.
>>
No. 564792 ID: 4a75fa

>successful coordination with Pink, and she even communicated
Sweet.

>I saved lady Tera from mean people! I’m a super hero!
You sure are. Well done, Artemis.

>How do you know that!? For all we know she should have been forced to do this!? What if she had a family? …what if… what if I just orphaned a bunch of kids
Hypothetical won't help. You did what you had to do to survive, and ever good act you could ever do for your friends, your family, or for others would have ended if you'd allowed yourself to be killed. You were attacked- you are not to blame.

But if you want answers, or to give the dead a chance at redemption, or to still do good with their lives, well, talk to the blind necromancer over there. Or see about pulling some strings, prince. Death isn't always the end in this kingdom.
>>
No. 564810 ID: dbe554

Is Artimis okay? She's got damage along her face.
>>
No. 564813 ID: 947d2d

ummm...Sorry if this is just a golem thing or something, but are you okay Artemis? Your face seems to be cracked or something...
>>
No. 564815 ID: 549d6c
File 139369020871.png - (17.06KB , 900x450 , 49.png )
564815

>Send a message to pink [how did you fare, everyone make it out alright?]
[No other assassin attempts found. The princess and the sultan are safe. The only piece owned by me who saw combat was the Daemon hunter. The attack seems to have been aimed at you.]

>Eliraz, you know you can just get them raised from the dead.
:ElirazRUST: Do you know how much that cost!? Necromancers doesn’t grow on trees!
:JerichoRUSTED: You guys did resurrect me…
:ThaarkRUST: I’m pretty sure they use you guys as training for the acolytes.
:TeraRUST: To be honest, Jer, you were lucky. Maester Geron gave me about an 85% chance of failure… and even then you would have probably been mindless. I guess whoever is watching over us really wanted you to become a mummy huh?
:ElirazRUST: If we should resurrect everyone there would be no end to all the undead around here. Haven’t you notice how few undead servants we have compared with living ones? …besides, you know what they think of the undead… I don’t think they would have wanted to come back…
>But yeah, the thing about killing, be glade you hate it. It shows that you're not a monster.
:ElirazRUST: I… I guess…
>But you got caught up in something were fighting will be unavoidable, people WILL die, and all you can do is make sure it isn't someone you care about.
:ElirazRUST: Y-yes… it was unavoidable… I… I need to stop beating myself up about it…
>Is Artimis okay? She's got damage along her face.
:ArtemisRUST: One of the bad guys axed my face a question. Do not worry, it will be repaired next time I go offline to recharge.
>...Wait a sec. How'd Artemis hear him? None of you repeated what he said, did you? So... Artemis, explain.
:ArtemisRUST: Everyone was quiet then paper lizard started screaming “Bastard” so I guessed voices had been mean.
>Tera, Varius submitted the necro-attachment technique he used on Thaark to the Academy before he went mad and ran off to the Northlands.
:TeraRUST: Oh, so just in a few years they’ll publish it for all to see! If I’m lucky, I’ll be a full-fledged necromancer by then!
>I think she's actually telling Theen to go stick his dick in a fire, which unfortunately for her is exactly what he'd like.
:GuardRUST: -one more word and I’ll cut of your head, criminal scum!
:TheenRUST: Wow, aren’t you a feisty one.
:ThaarkRUST: Theen! Stop trying to get off by getting yourself killed and focus! There might be more assassins around.
:TheenRUST: Fine, fine…
>And we do know of a certain female mantis doctor who'd likely give Theen the most exquisitely painful experience of his life. Problem is she's in the Northlands and nine months into the future.
:ThaarkRUST: Hmm…

>Now, where's Ilbir?
:ThaarkRUST: Err… he was following me but… you know how he got short legs and all… but I should have had gotten here by now…

[Message from Player Pink: Blue pawn is being attacked! Requesting backup!]

Insert There’s no “Help other people” in team work… but there is a “me”_
>>
No. 564818 ID: 4a75fa

>One of the bad guys axed my face a question.
Artemis, you're wonderful.

>message
Shit. Not over yet? I suppose this gives us a chance to patch over some of that unfortunate message snafu with blue.

[Message to Player Pink: location?]

>where's Ilbir
[Check pawn status]
>>
No. 564826 ID: 9ddf68

I want to help blue now for no other reason then to confuse the hell out of blue for helping him even though he's at war with us. Oh and on that note be sure not to let your guard down around the blue guy as he might think you're joining in on the attack.
>>
No. 564828 ID: d0e0a2

Dammit, it ain't over yet. Got a message from Pink. Blue's pawn is under attack and she's requesting assistance. Since the only Blue pawn we know of nearby is Recho I'm assuming that's him.

[Message to Pink: Requesting Daemon Hunter guide our pieces to location as well as relay relevant info on situation to them re: attackers, defenders, time remaining, etc.]

Messaged Pink. Artemis should now lead you to where she needs backup as well as relay info on the situation. We're going to jump to Ilbir to make sure he's alright, but we might not get back in time for the fight. I trust you all can handle yourselves.

[Switch to The Scholar]
>>
No. 564833 ID: 549d6c
File 139370830996.png - (15.60KB , 900x450 , 50.png )
564833

>[Check pawn status]
[“The Scholar” Status is normal!]
>[Message to Pink: Requesting Daemon Hunter guide our pieces to location as well as relay relevant info on situation to them re: attackers, defenders, time remaining, etc.]
[Message from Player Pink: Four attackers, Defender of Crowns only defender, follow Daemon hunter of pincer attack.]

>Dammit, it ain't over yet. Got a message from Pink. Blue's pawn is under attack and she's requesting assistance. Since the only Blue pawn we know of nearby is Recho I'm assuming that's him.
:ThaarkRUST: Right, let’s move people, we got another live one! Theen, get Tera to a doc.
:TeraRUST: But I’m fine!
:TheenRUST: What? But I want some act-
:ThaarkRUST: Theen.
:TheenRUST: …yes, boss. Let’s move, lady.
:ArtemisRUST: Everyone, follow me! To war! Release the puppies of wart! Raarh!!



>[Switch to The Scholar]
:IlbirRUST: I’m just worried that you’ll overwork yourself before tonight, that’s all.
:KranhonRUST: It’s because of tonight I’m working so hard. What with our new guest I got a lot of things that need to be done today and I rather not work overtime when I got a dinner planned with you.
:IlbirRUST: Just don’t get yourself to stressed out for me, alright?
:KranhonRUST: What’s so special about tonight, anyway?
:IlbirRUST: We saved you from being sold into slavery? Isn’t that something to celebrate.
:KranhonRUST: First of, If anything I should be the one thanking you by buying you dinner, not the other way around… second, the table and the tickets you’ve got require way more than a day to get. I mean, last time I checked that restaurant got all it tables booked a month in advance.
:IlbirRUST: Well, it is the best restaurant in town… hell, the best restaurant in the nation, I’d say. Let’s just say tonight is special…
:KranhonRUST: If you say so… and don’t get me wrong, I’m really grateful.
:IlbirRUST: Never doubted that you were, Kran.

Insert Dinner and a movie… then, bow chicka wow wow!_
>>
No. 564834 ID: 9ddf68

damn dude don't run off on us, we thought you might have been taken out by an assassin when we didn't see you with the rest of the group. Also we found something out, it seems the attackers were mostly focusing on us by trying to take out all of our pieces at once and only hit some of the other player's pieces cause they ran across them. So whoever these guy's are they seem to want us out of the way more then anyone else and we're not to sure why yet so be on guard.
>>
No. 564835 ID: 4a75fa

>Let’s just say tonight is special…
...oh-ho! I think I see what's being planned here. Where's the ring?

(We can't stay for long. We should probably be there to talk to Blue, and to help with the fact our pawns are going to feel an instinctive urge to fight).
>>
No. 564836 ID: a87e3a

They probably know of our pawns by way of our previous Wraith infestation.

Anyway, Ilbir, keep sharp, we're under attack by demon cultists. Some of the cultists are wearing red armor, which looks similar to guard armor at a glance. It's the wrong shape and has no official seal. So keep real guards with you, and make sure they know to check the armor of any new "guards" that show up. I suppose it's even possible for the cultists to steal armor from slain guards too, so maybe you should only trust guards you recognize.

They're using firebombs and we've seen one corrupted tentacled monstrosity which was mostly immune to fire. The same firebombs they use can be used against the corrupted monsters though.
>>
No. 564837 ID: a87e3a

>>564835
Our pawns no longer have that instinctive urge, only Recho will. Though I wonder if Pink thought to turn that off too?

[Pink, be sure your war-aggression is deactivated when saving Recho]
>>
No. 564839 ID: d0e0a2

Oh, thank Heavens you're not in trouble. You had us worried when we saw you weren't with the group. Thought you might have been killed or abducted or something.

Better tell Kranhon the fight isn't over with. We got a message from Pink right before shifting to you requesting backup in defending Blue's pawn Recho. According to her there are four attackers and only one defender, her piece "Defender of Crowns," which I'm guessing is Captain Xaldin. Jericho, Eliraz, Thaark and Artemis are currently en route to Recho's location to assist. We need Kranhon to lead extra guards over there just in case the hostiles are tougher than expected.

Hey, who's the new guest Kranhon is talking about? Recho? I wouldn't think much would need to be done to accommodate him, so is it somebody else?

I won't pry about why you planned this special night. I'll just say that we'll do our best to make sure you two can be together for a good, long time.

[Touch Kranhon to determine pawn status] Just checking to be safe.

We're going to jump back to Jericho for the attack. Either follow Kranhon for protection or stay here and stick near the guards, okay. We don't want to lose you. [Switch to The Pebble]

>>564835
I thought we reset our disposition to Blue to "neutral." Though, we did do that when the wraith was in us, so better reset it just to be sure. [Set disposition to Blue: Neutral]
>>
No. 564841 ID: 999da3

Do we have to bother them? I don't think Ilbir is much of a fighter. We don't wanna ruin his proposal.
>>
No. 564842 ID: 549d6c
File 139371889776.png - (17.12KB , 900x450 , 51.png )
564842

>[Touch Kranhon to determine pawn status]
[“The Speaker” is unclaimed. Do you wish to claim this pawn? (You have one pawn slots remaining!”]

>Damn dude don't run off on us, we thought you might have been taken out by an assassin when we didn't see you with the rest of the group.
Hey, it’s not my fault that I have short, chubby legs while Thaark doesn’t! Besides, there’s guards everywhere right now… real guards…
>Hey, who's the new guest Kranhon is talking about? Recho? I wouldn't think much would need to be done to accommodate him…
Well, it’s mostly security and teaching him to handle himself here… Kran is the only one here who can speak with him at the moment, after all.
>...oh-ho! I think I see what's being planned here. Where's the ring?
Shh… don’t spoil the surprise. Don’t… err… d-don’t tell anyone, alright?

>We got a message from Pink right before shifting to you requesting backup in defending Blue's pawn Recho. We need Kranhon to lead extra guards over there just in case the hostiles are tougher than expected.
…and we’re on our way to Recho right now… I better warn Kran and get some of the guards to follow us.



:KranhonRUST: …seems like we missed the battle.
:XaldinRUST: Well… this was a bit anticlimactic… I was expecting more of a fight from them.
:ThaarkRUST: We were able to surround them in an ambush, that’s pretty much a winning move right there.
:JerichoRUSTED: I’m pretty sure this was a desperation attack. They seemed to use the brunt of their forces trying to get to me and Eliraz.
:ThaarkRUST: The whole assassin plot was probably plan B too… right after the Wraith attack as A. I wonder what their plan C will be like.
:RechoRUST: Tha?
:XaldinRUST: Please stay in the room, Tribal.
:JerichoRUSTED: Dula latna tann.
:RechoRUST: …Tu.
:ElirazRUST: So… that’s it? The attack is over?

[Player Blue has made Peace with you!]
[Message from Player Blue: You will die another day, slaver… but for now I have a larger threat to deal with.]
[Player Blue is ignoring you!]

Insert It’s never over_
>>
No. 564843 ID: a87e3a

>>564842
Seems like it. Stay on alert for the rest of the day anyway, and tighten security. No civilians should be able to enter the palace without a valid reason to enter and a guard escort, from now on. Let's check on The Shaman now. You guys can prepare for the trip to the Dove's Nest. Whoever wants to go can go, I'm not expecting trouble. Bring some guards anyway though, there could be other dangers.

Kranhon is "The Speaker"? That's interesting, he's got a pawn's name, but... I'm not sure if we want to take him on as a pawn. Don't want to waste that last slot. I'd rather take someone who has martial skill and isn't already affiliated with our group, so that we might win them over to our cause over time. Or just someone who can handle themselves in a fight so that we can spread our forces around while still remaining in contact with them.

[switch to The Shaman]
>>
No. 564844 ID: 18866b

Wait, if this whole thing was set up by blue even the whole wraith thing, then that means he's been trying to kill us even before he declared war in us. I mean I can see it sorta, what with the royal family being at the top of the slaver pyramid in the tribal's eyes but why go after us and not the sultan, or her daughter since she's next in line for the throne. Might be from time shanagans where we pissed him of in the past or future but other then something like that I find it odd that he's after us in.
>>
No. 564845 ID: 4a75fa

>Do you wish to claim this pawn?
Nah. We'll leave the 'claiming' to Ilbir.

>Don’t… err… d-don’t tell anyone, alright?
Our metaphorical lips are sealed. Good luck, man.

>player blue
Formally accept Blue's peace proposal. We'll have to see what we can do to calm tensions with them, later. Or perhaps we can start some kind of reform regarding this country's slave policies before blue comes after us again.

>tribal tribal, tribe?
What was that about, Jer?
>>
No. 564847 ID: d0e0a2

Ilbir, we just checked Kranhon and he's a free pawn. We're going to use our last pawn slot and claim him to prevent a hostile player from possibly taking him. Don't worry. We'll keep quiet about certain things.

[Claim pawn "The Speaker"] Welcome to our team, Kranhon. We're Teal. No need to speak. Just think at us and we'll hear if we're nearby. You undoubtedly have many questions. Ilbir will fill you in on what he knows. Yes, he is with us. If you still have questions for us afterwards then we will answer them as best we can.

Blue just made peace with us, grudgingly, citing a bigger threat. Unless it was all an extremely elaborate ruse, he wasn't involved in this attack. That makes me think he's not being influenced by the Dark One. Blue's hate for the royal family, Serath Kingdom and slavers probably came from Eliros and not the Dark One.

Hmmm... That makes me think. Eliraz, why did Eliros try to overthrow the sultan? Did he have any reason to do so other than Elizah being named as successor to the throne? Did anybody influence him in making the decision to attempt a coup?

Jer, please get the keystone from Ilbir and give your locket to him so he can examine it before anything else happens to interrupt. Eliraz, could you please get a map and mark where the "dove nest" is as soon as you can. You'll have to do it eventually anyway since you're probably not going on the team that'll investigate it.

Jer, you think you could help Kranhon with Recho sometime since you speak his language fluently? Or will you being undead cause extra problems?

Has anybody figured out how the cultists got into the palace? We did see their Corrupted attempt to form a tele-portal, so did they teleport in? 'Cause if they did then we've got a serious security problem.

[Message to Pink: Blue just grudgingly made peace with us, citing a larger threat, then set us to "ignore." Did he do the same for you?]
>>
No. 564849 ID: 999da3

Accept Him as a pawn
>>
No. 564850 ID: 4a75fa

Guys, let them have their moment. Kranhon doesn't need to deal with us right now.
>>
No. 564851 ID: dbe554

I agree, as a pawn we would be able to better protect him as part of our group, and we could always use a proper linguist. Claim him.
>>
No. 564897 ID: a87e3a

Oh shit! We forgot about Red's pawn! The guard, remember? Don't let him die either. Or her, I forget.
>>
No. 564898 ID: 3f0c1b

Let's not claim him as our pawn yet, we only have one slot and as long as he stays close it shouldn't be a problem.
>>
No. 564913 ID: 549d6c
File 139378118691.png - (15.04KB , 900x450 , 52.png )
564913

>[Message to Pink: Blue just grudgingly made peace with us, citing a larger threat, then set us to "ignore." Did he do the same for you?]
:ArtemisRUST: Pink says yes.
:KranhonRUST: Yes, what?
:ArtemisRUST: I don’t know… she just said to tell you yes.
>Claim pawn "The Speaker" / Don’t claim him.
:IlbirRUST: (Make up your minds, guys.)
>Nah. We'll leave the 'claiming' to Ilbir.
:IlbirRUST: (That’s funny, he’s always been the one who claims me.)
>Oh shit! We forgot about Red's pawn! The guard, remember?
:ElirazRUST: (Didn’t we send him down into the middle city with a raise? I’m pretty sure he’s okay down there.)
>What was that about, Jer?
:JerichoRUSTED: (I just told him his safe now and should stay in his room for now.)

>Stay on alert for the rest of the day anyway, and tighten security.
:ElirazRUST: (Yes, the security will be tighten, I’ll make sure of that.)
>Eliraz, why did Eliros try to overthrow the sultan? Did he have any reason to do so other than Elizah being named as successor to the throne?
:ElirazRUST: (He… he was always so sure that he would get the throne… and he always went on and on about how he should remove the filth of slavery from our lands. Mother tried to teach him that he can’t just make it illegal unless he wants the family dethroned by an angry uprising of the people but he wouldn’t listen. I guess if he didn’t get it legitimately then he would take it by force.)

>Jer, please get the keystone from Ilbir and give your locket to him so he can examine it before anything else happens to interrupt.
:IlbirRUST: Ah yes… this is definitely a key stone… here, let me just… there we go.
:JerichoRUSTED: It’s… rather small for a key stone.
:IlbirRUST: Haven’t you notice that they are all different sizes? This is probably the smallest one though… here, take it.
[You received 3 key stones! You now have 5 in total! You received Family Locket!]

>Eliraz, could you please get a map and mark where the "dove nest" is as soon as you can.
:ElirazRUST: There we go…
:ThaarkRUST: Aw man… that’s not even close to where we thought it was…
>Jer, you think you could help Kranhon with Recho sometime since you speak his language fluently?
:KranhonRUST: Well, if he get over the issue of you being undead then I’m sure you’ll be a great help.
>Has anybody figured out how the cultists got into the palace?
:XaldinRUST: They dressed themselves as servants and guards, then pretended that they belonged here by having the “guard” escort them. Don’t worry; we won’t make the same mistake again. As for the squid man… according to a survivor of the attack he looked human before shedding his skin.
:ElirazRUST: Survivor? How many died in this attack?
:XaldinRUST: One guard, my lord. One of the guards protecting your quarters was slain while the other was badly wounded. We haven’t had any other reports about casualties.
:JerichoRUSTED: So… Tighten security, check out the dove nest, help Kran and then check out the crypts?
:ElirazRUST: Don’t forget lunch!
:ThaarkRUST: Lunch sounds like the best idea I’ve heard all day.

….

>[switch to The Shaman]
:DurachRUST:

Insert Wops, I’m sorry… did I break your concentration?
>>
No. 564914 ID: 4611c1

*soft footfall*
...Our apologies Shaman, but how are things over there?
>>
No. 564915 ID: dbe554

Good evening shaman, glad to see you are well.
>>
No. 564917 ID: 9ddf68

[waits for the shaman to notice us]

glad to see you're alright, got a moment or should we wait until you're done?
>>
No. 564920 ID: d0e0a2

[Wait 20 seconds for The Shaman to notice us; If not, then "*knock knock*"]

Hello, Durach. Apologies for suddenly leaving you at Deadhollow Pass. We were unexpectedly whisked away to another time and place. Though it turned out it was important that we went there, we're sorry for vanishing on you.

What's been happening since then? We've heard that the horde split and only a hundred still follow Mor'Kay, so what happened after your revelation about daemon cultists in the ranks? How bad was it? And did Eliros stay with Mor'Kay, or did he break off and come with your group?

Do you know what demands were going to be made to the Serath Kingdom? Because they arrived mid-morning and the sultan immediately went into a closed-door meeting with her top advisors and hasn't come out yet.

Recho is safe and sound, more a guest of the royal family than a prisoner. But you should know he's a pawn of Blue, same as Eliros, and when Blue declared war on us Recho immediately became hostile towards our pawns. Blue made peace with us after saving him again from being murdered by cultists, but that peace likely won't last. Sadly a reunion between you may not be as nice as you'd like until we get Blue sorted out.

There was also a cultist assassination attempt on our pieces, right in the heart of the palace. The cultist that faced our king piece actually ripped his skin off to reveal he was a tentacle-limbed monstrosity. It was a desperate strike - a plan B - but that they could attempt it is bad enough.

We've also found out that Mor'Kay is a pawn of Red. Unfortunately we have no idea what Red's agenda is.
>>
No. 564922 ID: eb10ea

So, we heard you took control of the tribes, I'm assuming minus the warlord and prince.

Don't worry, Recho is safe. Did you know that he's a pawn of blue? We don't know much about him, but we do know he's controlling the prince, and apparently blues' zeal is hampering his planning ability. He likely gets it from the prince.

So how are things on your end?
>>
No. 564924 ID: 549d6c
File 139378869473.png - (15.27KB , 900x450 , 53.png )
564924

>[waits for the shaman to notice us]



>Good evening shaman, glad to see you are well.
Ah, you’re back… greetings voices.
>Apologies for suddenly leaving you at Deadhollow Pass.
…if anything, I should apologize. I have to admit… I doubted your guidance. But in the end it seems your guidance has led us to a better road.
>What's been happening since then?
I was able to convince my brethren about the real threat. They saw the attack of our own dead as a sign from the gods that we were on the wrong road and I simply used that belief to guide them to the right path. Of course, one thing that still bugs me is that Mor’Kay didn’t even try to object; only Horus tried to stop us. If anything, she seemed happy that we choose another path.
>Did Eliros stay with Mor'Kay?
No, he did not… nor did he follow me. I do not know what he is planning, but he took those loyal to him and is making his own way to the capital.
>Do you know what demands were going to be made to the Serath Kingdom?
I don’t fully know… Mor’Kay main goal was to access the vault, but I don’t know its exact location.
>We've also found out that Mor'Kay is a pawn of Red. Unfortunately we have no idea what Red's agenda is.
Then Red wants to gain control over the rune of fire. How and why, I do not know. If anything, it should be impossible for her to retrieve the rune as I took two of the Key stones with me.
>Recho is safe and sound, more a guest of the royal family than a prisoner. But you should know he's a pawn of Blue, same as Eliros, and when Blue declared war on us Recho immediately became hostile towards our pawns.
It’s good to hear his safe… and I do hope this whole business with blue will be sorted out. As for the other one… Jericho was it? How does he fare?
>There was also a cultist assassination attempt on our pieces, right in the heart of the palace.
They probably see you as their biggest threat. Please, keep yourself safe from whatever treachery they have planned.

:TribalRUST: Shaman? We got a message for you… err… it’s marked with an eye watching the heavens.
:DurachRUST: I’ve been expecting that… What does it say?
:TribalRUST: “Yes”.
:DurachRUST: I was hoping for that…
:TribalRUST: Err… another thing, Shaman… you’re leading us into Skrang territory… shouldn’t we turn back?
:DurachRUST: …trust me. We are on the right path…_

Insert We can’t stop here, this is Skrang country_
>>
No. 564925 ID: 9ddf68

you've told your men that when facing skrangs they can't move otherwise the sdrangs will see them right?

Also what's your plan, you seem unusually cryptic as of late, like you know something is coming.
>>
No. 564926 ID: dbe554

Jericho met with a powerful daemon of fear that's been helping him, he's alive well and with his current mate. He just survived the attack and did well for himself.
>>
No. 564927 ID: eb10ea

From the Sky watcher tribe, I presume? I'd ask you what it means but something tells me we won't understand either way. So if you don't mind me asking, where does this new path lead?

And, uh, shouldn't you wait for Recho before you leave?
>>
No. 564930 ID: 4a75fa

>Blue, war
There was an... unfortunate miscommunication between ourselves and Blue that angered him against us. It does not help that he hates slavery with a fierce passion, and what influence we have in Serath can only slowly change the realities, there.

>Jericho was it? How does he fare?
He's well, although his life has been considerably complicated as of late.

>"Yes"
Who agreed, and to what?

>Skrang territory
Should be safe if you can hold yourselves still when they approach. They are blind and hunt by vibrations. ...although the risk of someone panicking with a large group is certainly greater. I hope your flock has sufficient faith in you, shaman.
>>
No. 564933 ID: d0e0a2

I see you're going to put that bit of info we dropped about avoiding skrangs to good use. Glad we let that slip out.

That message was from the Sky Watcher tribe, wasn't it? Their oracle sent one to Jericho as well, via our pawn Ilbir. It contained cryptic directions to four of the keystones. We now hold three of them, and if all goes well the remaining one will soon be ours.

We also have a lead on the possible location of the Rune of Fire's vault: The oldest, deepest part of the royal crypts under the Serath capitol. We will be investigating them soon. Hopefully next we see you we'll be able to say we found the vault.

I think we now know at least part of why Mor'Kay flipped her lid when Horus informed her that Jericho was taken: There were two tiny keystones hidden in Jericho's locket. However I doubt that was the whole reason for her to rage at losing Jericho.

You should also know we saw a picture of Horus up in the city, in the notes of Professor Varius, an expert on daemons. The caption on it read “Slaver or slave? Good guy or bad guy?” I think it's safe to say that Horus is more than he appears and hiding much. How much do you know about him? When and where did he come to the tribes?

That lesser rune that was taken from the Marches, do you know exactly where it was taken from? And who revealed its location? Because I have a strong suspicion it was part of the seal on a daemon's prison. Probably the Dark One's.

Also, don't lead your people outside the Serath Desert if you can avoid it. We know there is protection from the Dark One within its bounds. The Dark One was only able to do what he did to that Keer city because it lay outside them.

Now, before we go, is there anything you wish us to do? Any actions we can take to aid yours? Any messages we could deliver?

...And if you don't mind, could you take your skull mask off so we can see your face? We may not get another chance and I'd like to see it for once.
>>
No. 564940 ID: 549d6c
File 139379744820.png - (14.70KB , 900x450 , 54.png )
564940

>if you don't mind, could you take your skull mask off so we can see your face?
If you wish.
>Should be safe if you can hold yourselves still when they approach. I hope your flock has sufficient faith in you, shaman.
Those that will follow me out there do.
>Who agreed, and to what?
That we are on the right path. It isn’t the first message I’ve gotten from them… this is simply the answer to my questions.
>So if you don't mind me asking, where does this new path lead?
To a better tomorrow.

>We got a message containing cryptic directions to four of the keystones. We now hold three of them, and if all goes well the remaining one will soon be ours.
…and I hold the last two. Good, then everything is falling into place.
>We also have a lead on the possible location of the Rune of Fire's vault: The oldest, deepest part of the royal crypts under the Serath capitol.
So that’s why Mor’Kay wants to get to the capital!
>You should also know we saw a picture of Horus up in the city, in the notes of Professor Varius, an expert on daemons. I think it's safe to say that Horus is more than he appears and hiding much. How much do you know about him? When and where did he come to the tribes?
He’s always been part of the tribes… he’s been an elder of the water seeker tribe for years… but lately… he’s changed. For example, he renamed his tribe “bone breaker” and started attacking the Serath more and more. If anything, I have my suspensions that he’s a daemon worshipper, and that only he and his tribe stayed with Mor’Kay strengthen my suspicions.
>Also, don't lead your people outside the Serath Desert if you can avoid it.
Lead them outside? I’m leading some of them home and the ones I can trust to the capital, not out from the desert.
>Now, before we go, is there anything you wish us to do?
Keep Durach and Jericho safe.
>Jericho is alive well and with his current mate.
Oh? He’s gotten himself a girlfriend? You have to tell me mor-
>Jericho met with a powerful daemon of fear that's been helping him…
HE DID WHAT!?

Insert Go to your room without dinner!_
>>
No. 564941 ID: dbe554

You look just like Jericho, huh.

Also no, not a girlfriend, the prince is his mate now.

Also the Daemon of fear was needed as we were corrupted by a wraith, if we had not done it we would've gone fully corrupted and taken all of our pawns with us, thus cursing them to a fate worse then death.

He's also friendly, helpful, and has been tailing Jericho for sometime, and is against his fellow daemons causing issues.
>>
No. 564942 ID: 4a75fa

>keep them safe
That we will, if we can.

>He’s gotten himself a girlfriend?
Technically not untrue.

>HE DID WHAT!?
...loyalty to one another is not a strength of demons. They have conflicting goals. It's a dangerous game, but for the moment, this works to our advantage. And at the time, we were in no position to refuse his aid.
>>
No. 564943 ID: 883807

Well his mate has both girl and boy parts so take that as you well. As for the daemon thing, we picked up a wraith somewhere and the damn thing was messing with our head so we had to find someone to remove it for us. That someone turned out to be a masked man who has been following us for a while now and turns out all of these players (red, pink, blue) are actually all Deamons as well. he also said we're a daemon but not at the same time so make of that what you will
>>
No. 564972 ID: 999da3

Err... maybe we shouldn't tell the people who fear and hate daemons that we might be daemons? Just a thought.
>>
No. 564973 ID: c3a253

If it helps, this Daemon helped seal the others off in the last Daemon war, and his role was major enough that's known as the Jailor. I think it's likely he prefers to feed on their fear, because Daemon fear must be pretty damn powerful indeed.
>>
No. 564974 ID: d0e0a2

Listen, Durach. We had a fragment of a wraith stuck in us, twisting our perception, warping what we saw, heard and said. It manipulated us into thinking we were on the cusp of falling to corruption when in actuality we were at only 16%. We were a step away from self-destructing to prevent ourselves from succumbing to it. If we hadn't summoned the Masked Man to remove the wraith we would have killed ourselves.

And we didn't just pick just any daemon to summon. The Masked Man had taken an interest in us and Jericho, even helping us in ways. If not for him we would not have saved Prince Eliraz from the corrupt Gray and secured one of the keystones. And we did do our research on him beforehand. From what we learned he was on the side of mortals in the ancient daemon war. He was also instrumental in imprisoning the four daemons who were basically fucking up the world back then; One of which was the Dark One. So as far as I can tell the Masked Man is on our side in this fight and I'll believe that until I get evidence otherwise.

Now, I see you have the same large facial markings Jericho has, and you look a lot like him. You're very likely related to each other, so I best tell you this now: Jericho is a descendant of sultan Esiros Drah'kon. He was tested by the Rite of Dragonfire, passed, and is now Lord Jericho. So after all this shakes out if you want to know if you're also a descendant of Esiros you could have yourself tested.

And Jericho didn't get himself a girlfriend. He got himself a boyfriend: Prince Eliraz. But why are you interested in hearing more about Jericho's love life anyway?

>>564943
No no no no. You got that wrong. The other players are not daemons; They're creations to fill the slots the gods vacated. And the Masked Man said we're neither daemon or one of the artificial players; That we're not of this world or the daemon realm. Given that the closest term I can think of for us is "aliens," since we're alien to both.
>>
No. 564976 ID: 9b57d3

The players are "artificial gods".

Durach, your markings are similar to Jericho's. Any reason for that?
>>
No. 564984 ID: eb10ea

>HE DID WHAT!?
The demon was called 'jailer' or 'gatekeeper'. I believe he's been on the mortal's side before. We don't exactly trust him, but he kinda saved us, so It's safe to assume that at the least, our goals align nicely. It... really wasn't something we did lightly, but the demonic corruption appeared to be taking us over.

>everything is falling into place.
Dammit man, now you're making me nervous. I mean, we can trust you to not do anything stupid, but still, you're being kinda vague. Anyway, you say you're leading some tribals to the capital; is there anything we can do from the inside?
>>
No. 565029 ID: d674bc

Mate? Yes. Girlfriend? Nope.
>>
No. 565032 ID: 37aa84

>>565029
We have to be more specific than that although admittedly I don't know what you would call Eliraz. Is hermfriend a word? Also should we tell him it's Jer's cousin?
>>
No. 565036 ID: dbe554

>>565032
We just kinda did.
>>
No. 565054 ID: 9b57d3

>>565032
I'd like to block that. We are not supposed to tell ANYONE about the prince's body.
>>
No. 565057 ID: 549d6c
File 139386905788.png - (14.71KB , 900x450 , 55.png )
565057

>Durach, your markings are similar to Jericho's. Any reason for that?

>You're very likely related to each other, so I best tell you this now: Jericho is a descendant of sultan Esiros Drah'kon.

>Why are you interested in hearing more about Jericho's love life anyway?
…Do I really need to spell it out for you? I mean, you assumed it the first time we talked even! …of course, I wasn’t sure you meant him but with what you’ve told me… He’s my son… one of 35… the son of Mor’Kay and me…

>Jericho didn't get himself a girlfriend. He got himself a boyfriend.
…really? I guess the Serath culture is rubbing off on him… but I guess I should be happy that he’s found someone to be happy with.
>Prince Eliraz.
Wait, The Prince!? …does that mean I’m royalty now? Hmm…
>It's Jer's cousin.
…cousin… what was that again? A fathers brother? …or was it father brother son? Hmmm…

>Daemon Daemon Wraith Daemon Daemon friendly Daemon against other Daemons Daemon…
I… I guess I have to take your word that it was for the best. Just be warned, there aren’t any “good” Daemons.
>They have conflicting goals.
…which can be used, yes… I just hope that the goal that gets achieved in the end is in our favor.
>The players are "Artificial Gods".
…artificial gods? How? Who would be powerful enough to create gods!?

Insert Cleary, it was the only thing powerful then all the gods combined… CHEESE! ALL HAIL THE GLORY OF CHEESE, OUR LORD AND SAVIOR!_
>>
No. 565058 ID: 76b151

You know the shelf with the keystones kinda looks like the head of some beast. Complete with book-teeth.
>>
No. 565059 ID: a26197

well we got both your sons safe but they're both in the capital which some of your tribesmen are still marching on, don't worry we'll keep them safe but is there anything you think we should keep an eye out for or nothing that comes to mind. Also what are you hoping to do while we're doing our thing?
>>
No. 565062 ID: 9b57d3

>>565057
The real gods, obviously. The four gods of the tribals exist, or existed. We knew them personally. It should be completely impossible for one of them to have died, but if he did die, I guess it's what he wanted anyway.

So you're Esiros's son? If you wanted to, you could become royalty, like Jericho has. It's up to you. The princess is still single... or maybe she's too young for you? I'm not sure how old she is, actually. I understand if you want to try to create peace first. We would support you on that front and so would most of the royal family at this point... even on the topic of slavery.

I'm guessing you sealed up the locket to keep the keystone in it protected? Does Mor'Kay know of Jericho's situation? Hmm, I feel we should probably infiltrate Mor'Kay's camp to deal with Horus and try to talk to Mor'Kay privately.
>>
No. 565064 ID: 4a75fa

>Who would be powerful enough to create gods!?
Other gods, I suspect.
>>
No. 565072 ID: 37aa84

A parent's siblings child would be a close cousin yes. In this case he's a bit more distant, grandparent's sibling's grandchild would be the actual relation. Also god would be a rather strong word, while we do have great power we sorta don't have much direct power we can little more than act as a guide. Heck aside from the occasional uncontrolled stint of time travel a few cellular phones could do what we've done.
>>
No. 565083 ID: 549d6c
File 139387792001.png - (14.56KB , 900x450 , 56.png )
565083

>You know the shelf with the keystones kinda looks like the head of some beast. Complete with book-teeth.
OH GOD, IT’S COMING RIGHT FOR M- oh wait…
>A parent's siblings child would be a close cousin yes. In this case he's a bit more distant, grandparent's sibling's grandchild would be the actual relation.
…well, either way that’s way more family then we usually count.

>So you're Esiros's son?
No, I am not… but Mor’Kay is his daughter.
>Does Mor'Kay know of Jericho's situation?
I don’t know how much Mor’Kay’s knows at the moment, sorry.
>I'm guessing you sealed up the locket to keep the keystone in it protected?
No, I didn’t know there were stones in it… in fact; I don’t think Mor’Kay knew either.
>The princess is still single... or maybe she's too young for you? I'm not sure how old she is, actually.
…they are twins… and you do realize I’m at least thirty years older than her? Um… at least, I think that’s a taboo for the Serath’s at least… Besides, I’ve never been a man to tie myself to one person.

>The real gods, obviously. The four gods of the tribals exist, or existed. We knew them personally.
You did? …wow, I’m starting to regret doubting you more and more…
>We’ll keep your sons safe.
Thank you.
>What are you hoping to do while we're doing our thing?
Well, first off I need to get the stones the capital… and I need to stop Horus from doing whatever he’s trying to do. Now, do you have need to know anything else? We really need to start moving soon.

Insert Pair the Spares_
>>
No. 565085 ID: a26197

nah, we're were mostly just checking in on you to make sure you were fine after all the assassination attempts against our players. Good luck to you and we'll get out of your hair. Well um, scales I guess, you know what I mean.
>>
No. 565088 ID: 88960e

Stay safe, okay? Your son would like to know you someday.
>>
No. 565092 ID: eb10ea

Just give us an easily recognizable signal like a flag or smoke so we'll know when to roll out the red carpet. We'll inform the sultan you're coming in peace, and hopefully we can get you inside without any surprises.
>>
No. 565094 ID: 9b57d3

>>565083
Okay nevermind about you dating the princess then.

Wait, why do you have the same markings as Jericho if you're not related to Esiros? Also, Mor'Kay is his mother? Wow. Jericho doesn't seem to know much about his parents, why is that?

Since you and Mor'Kay were in a relationship of some sort, can you tell us about her? What is she like?
>>
No. 565098 ID: d0e0a2

So you're not related to Esiros at all? At least, not directly. I would have thought you two were so since you both share the same uncommonly large facial markings, but maybe it's just a coincidence. Well, we'd have to dig into your lineage and Esiros' to figure it out, and we just don't have time for that now.

Anyway, here's some more questions:
Do you know why was Jericho's parentage was hidden from him, and who decided it would be?
We know Esiros died thirty years ago, so how old is Mor'Kay?
As far as you know, did Mor'Kay have any other children besides Jericho?
Does Mor'Kay wield fire magic?
Why does Mor'Kay wear that suit of magic armor? Is it by necessity or by choice?
And has Mor'Kay's attitude and behavior changed strangely in a way similar to Horus?

You probably already decided to do this, but I suggest splitting up the keystones, getting them to the capitol by separate routes. Those you can trust to get them to in the capitol are: Prince Eliraz, Lord Ilbir, Tera, a blind female human novice necromancer from the temple, and Thaark, a male mantis mercenary who is as large as a female one and wears a white mask. They're all with us, same as you.

And before we go, there is one thing about Jericho we ought to tell you, if you don't already know it: He's an antipode mage; He can wield fire and ice magic, and both with an astonishing amount of power. It's so unprecedented that it's nearly unthinkable, but he can do it.

We'll jump back to Jericho now. I know he'd very much like to meet you, so please be careful. [Switch to The Pebble]
>>
No. 565109 ID: 549d6c
File 139389268364.png - (7.56KB , 900x450 , 57.png )
565109

>Wow. Jericho doesn't seem to know much about his parents, why is that?
I don’t know why Mor’Kay kept him in the dark… she keep me in the dark too. I didn’t even know he existed before you told me when we first met.
>We know Esiros died thirty years ago, so how old is Mor'Kay?
She is a few years younger than me… so about somewhere in her fifties, late forties.
>Since you and Mor'Kay were in a relationship of some sort, can you tell us about her?
Relationship? Hardly… it was just a one-time thing… well, a few one-time things over a few weeks but... but I can tell you this about her, she is determine to get things the way she wants them.
>As far as you know, did Mor'Kay have any other children besides Jericho?
Not as far as I know.
>Does Mor'Kay wield fire magic?
Yes.
>Why does Mor'Kay wear that suit of magic armor? Is it by necessity or by choice?
…she… well… she didn’t make it when we retrieved the lesser rune. There wasn’t even enough to raise her as a proper undead so… a drastic measure had to be taken.
>And has Mor'Kay's attitude and behavior changed strangely in a way similar to Horus?
Not really… well, it has changed a bit, but not as drastic as Horus.
>Before we go, there is one thing about Jericho we ought to tell you, if you don't already know it: He's an antipode mage; He can wield fire and ice magic, and both with an astonishing amount of power.
I… but… that’s the thing of myths! People with that kind of power walked the earth when the old gods lived, not today… wait… did Mor’Kay plan this? Is this why she sought me out? To combine Ice and Fire?
>Just give us an easily recognizable signal like a flag or smoke so we'll know when to roll out the red carpet.
Don’t worry, you’ll see me coming.
>Stay safe, okay? Your son would like to know you someday.
And I want to know him… and that boyfriend of his.

>[Switch to The Pebble]
[Error]
:ThaarkRUST: Find anything?
:ThuulRUST: Nothing. Not even a trace. No one has been here in ages.
:ThaarkRUST: Well, this is a bust… three doves, my abdomen!
:ThuulRUST: …maybe this wasn’t what they meant with three doves, boss… of course, these dove rocks can’t be natural.
:ThaarkRUST: Why would someone even come out here?
:ThuulRUST: I guess it’s more beautiful when there’s a spring here, boss.

Insert I am Error, destroyer of worlds!_
>>
No. 565112 ID: eb10ea

Hey guys, guess who just realized they've been talking to Jericho's dad for a few days now without knowing it?
I swear, we are NOT on the ball this time around.

Anyway I think there are people near the top of that dune, make sure they aren't hostile.

Also, how does springtime even happen in a desert? Wouldn't that require weather other than 'unending drought'?
>>
No. 565114 ID: 37aa84

Wait so you didn't find anything. That is inconveniently coincidental that we would find out about three dove shaped rocks east of the city when we have a clue about three doves east of the city. Perhaps the clue is meant as a starting point? This may be a red herring but any idea what those two upright brown objects off in the distance are?
>>
No. 565124 ID: 549d6c
File 139389741611.png - (7.06KB , 900x450 , 58.png )
565124

>How does springtime even happen in a desert? Wouldn't that require weather other than 'unending drought'?
Um… I think it has something to do with moisture or something coming in from the south or something… I dunno, this desert doesn’t really make sense at all.
>Guess who just realized they've been talking to Jericho's dad for a few days now without knowing it?
Really? So who’s the father?
>Any idea what those two upright brown objects off in the distance are?
:ThaarkRUST: …people, Thuul.
:ThuulRUST: Hmm… looks like two Tribals riding raptors, boss.
:ThaarkRUST: Tribals this close to the capital? Quickly! After them!



:ThaarkRUST: This is more like it! I can see an entrance into some ruins and… blood… lots of it.
:ThuulRUST: It’s fresh boss… really fresh… and there’s two dead raptors, but only one dead rider.
:ThaarkRUST: Huh… so one of the one we followed did this? Wait… can you point out where we are on the map.
:ThuulRUST: Um… here, boss?
:ThaarkRUST: I knew it! That was exactly three dove coins east of the city on the first map we tried it on! Son of a-
:ThuulRUST: Boss! Corpses! Hostile territory!
:ThaarkRUST: Oh, right.. sorry…

Insert Dammit Thaark, pay attent- oh, shiny…_
>>
No. 565125 ID: 9b57d3

>>565124
Looks like a crazy person did this. They plucked out the eyes of that lizard...

Get down there. There are traps and puzzles in these ruins, so we can catch up and ambush whoever's trying to beat us to it.

Oh and Jericho's dad is... a... you know what maybe we shouldn't tell you. That's sensitive information and if this scene is any indication someone has gotten information that should've been private. If there's a leak, we would be endangering our contact by telling you who he is.
>>
No. 565132 ID: 9ddf68

well shit, the keystone is most likely down there and since we don't see dead body number two that means they're most likely down there as well. Good news is they're probably wounded seeing as a fight went on here and not a backstabbing. I mean if the dead lizard chick didn't fight back then why are both raptures dead? Unless the guy down there is just crazy as all hell.
>>
No. 565145 ID: d0e0a2

Dammit. This is looking rather like what the wraith at Then'dranil did, isn't it? I'm not sure it's a wraith, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was. Watch out for mind fuckery and warn Thuul about that.

Draw weapons and get on guard. Hold back from the entrance for now. Ask Thuul to work his tracking mojo and figure out how this bloodbath went down. Where did the first strike come from? What kind of weapon took the tribesman and the raptors apart?

Did either of you bring a mirror or other reflective item that could be used to check for spirit crap? Did you bring your collapsible pole? What about lanterns or lux crystals? 'Cause if you didn't bring a source of light then I strongly suggest you do not head down into the dark.

And you ought to be glad that you went after a red herring. If you two had made a bee-line here you both very well could have ended up like these tribesmen. Better them tripping over the hazards of this place then you two.

And this desert doesn't make any sense 'cause it ought to be a jungle. My guess for why it's the way it is is the Rune of Fire malfunctioned (or was tampered with) ages ago, stopping the rains and drying out the land, among other things.

>>565125
Uh... Wouldn't what you said mean you suspect Thaark of being the leak? And we don't even have evidence of a leak yet, so lets not chase that just yet. That said, I do think we shouldn't tell Thaark about that until later, in case he's captured, possessed, or otherwise in a position to spill the beans. Sorry, Thaark, but we're not sharing this info until you're safely back in the capitol. Besides, we probably should tell Jer first anyway.
>>
No. 565166 ID: 549d6c
File 139394394136.png - (52.13KB , 900x450 , 59.png )
565166

>Oh and Jericho's dad is... a... you know what maybe we shouldn't tell you.
Maybe for the best. I’m not really that interested anyway.
>Dammit. This is looking rather like what the wraith at Then'dranil did, isn't it?
…almost… but it’s… different… I can’t put my finger on it…
>Ask Thuul to work his tracking mojo and figure out how this bloodbath went down.
:ThuulRUST: …there wasn’t much of a fight… It’s… odd… I don’t thinks she was ripped apart… and there are parts missing from her… like the torso.
>Did either of you bring a mirror or other reflective item that could be used to check for spirit crap?
We both got hand mirrors this time, just to be sure.
>Get down there. There are traps and puzzles in these ruins, so we can catch up and ambush whoever's trying to beat us to it.
Right… even though I rather not meet who… or what that did this.



:ThaarkRUST: Keep qu-
*Rumble!*
:ThuulRUST: AAH!!
>>
No. 565168 ID: 549d6c
File 139394403476.png - (18.39KB , 900x450 , 60.png )
565168

:ThaarkRUST: I got you, Thuul…
:ThuulRUST: Earthquake? Here… I’ve never heard of one happening here before…
:ThaarkRUST: …I don’t think that was an Earthquake…
:ThuulRUST: Look, more bodies!
:ThaarkRUST: …I think I know what’s off with them now… teeth marks… it’s like someone have been taking a big bit out of them…
:ThuulRUST: There’s something down here capable of eating someone almost whole!?
*Crunch*Crunch*Crunch*
:ThaarkRUST: …and there it is… someone is eating… someone… I… I don’t think this is a Wraith anymore…
:ThuulRUST: …Daemon?
:ThaarkRUST: …let’s get out of here.
:ThuulRUST: Wait, look! The key stone!
:ThaarkRUST: …dammit, the chewing sound is coming from just around that corner.

Insert Into the lion’s den_
>>
No. 565174 ID: 4a75fa

...I don't suppose either of you has a hookshot or some other sneaky tool to grab the stone without walking within biting range of the monster.
>>
No. 565178 ID: dbe554

Can you toss the corpses in? Maybe it'd prefer things that aren't moving to munch on rather then something fresh.
>>
No. 565179 ID: 9b57d3

>>565168
Just get out of there. We can come back with a squad of guards, or Artemis. Whatever it is, I doubt it will eat a golem.
>>
No. 565186 ID: 549d6c
File 139395801799.png - (17.83KB , 900x450 , 61.png )
565186

:ThaarkRUST: Thuul… promise me, if whatever is down this tunnel detects us… run. Don’t look back, don’t stop if I start to lag behind, just run.
:ThuulRUST: I… I can’t promise that, boss. I won’t leave you behind!

>...I don't suppose either of you has a hookshot or some other sneaky tool to grab the stone without walking within biting range of the monster.
No… anything far enough to ensure that I’m out of sight would be too clumsy to manipulate something as small as that without making a lot of noise.
>Can you toss the corpses in? Maybe it'd prefer things that aren't moving to munch on rather then something fresh.
Hmm… that’s an idea… but I rather that whatever is down there didn’t notice us at all.
>Just get out of there. We can come back with a squad of guards, or Artemis. Whatever it is, I doubt it will eat a golem.
…are we willing to risk the stone for that? I… it’s so close but… my gut tell me to run but my head tell me to just reach over and grab it. Hey, wait a minute… the guy holding the stone is still alive! I… I think his trying to tell us something?

:TribalRUST: *Cough* Rngn... Hmgrngs…
:UnknownKAK: *Crunch* … *Sniff* … Hmff… *Scratch*…

…and I think the scary thing is moving further down the corridor… hmm… it didn’t really sound… big, actually… So… run or grab and run… that’s the question… or maybe throw some corpses? Hmm…

Insert Choose your poison_
>>
No. 565187 ID: 4a75fa

>the guy holding the stone is still alive!
>trying to tell us something
Okay, he's clearly trying to say run.

...wait. Maybe that means there's a third option? If the stone holder could use their last strength to toss or roll the stone in your direction?

[Use non-pawn communication to lean that thought on the stone holder. You want them to run. You know the danger. But they're hesitating for the stone. Take away their reason for hesitation- spare them from your fate]
>>
No. 565190 ID: d90d89

...maybe drag on of the corpses with you to throw at whatever it was that ate this guys if it starts to chase you. and look out for traps as well. Maybe whatever did this didn't actually bit someone in half but is just a scavenger eating what's left of people after the trap splits them in half.
>>
No. 565195 ID: d0e0a2

Do a quick mirror check to make sure this isn't a very convincing illusion.

Tell Thuul to climb back up and get the rope, then anchor it down and drop it into the shaft. You're going to need it to get out of here quick if things take a bad turn.

Okay, I have a plan but it hinges on you still having the collapsible pole you used yesterday. If you have it then undo the straps on one of your arm guards and tie it to the end of the pole, with the arm guard dangling down. Then crawl over to the very limit of the pole's length, extend the pole, and slide the arm guard under or next to the dying lizard's arm so he can drop the keystone into it. Then you drag it back if he does. This plan would also work with a glove tied to the end or a small bag.

I also have an alternate plan if you don't have the pole. You'd climb back up, tie the rope to Thuul, and he goes down. Then you kick one of the live raptors in, Thuul scares it into running deeper in to distract the beast, and then runs over to grab the keystone. Then you haul him back up as quick as you can and both make a run for it.

And I have yet another alternate plan in case the lizard dies, but you have the pole. In that case you'll tie Thuul about 15 feet from the end of the rope, tie a noose at the end of it and hook it to the end of the pole. Give the pole to Thuul, he goes in and slips the noose over the lizard's arm that holds the keystone up to the armpit. He drags the corpse over, takes the keystone, cuts the noose loose, and you haul him up.
>>
No. 565205 ID: 9b57d3

>>565186
If it's moving further down the corridor... advance and take a look at it around the corner with the mirror. It should be safe to look, and knowing what did this is useful information.
>>
No. 565208 ID: 549d6c
File 139396419630.png - (26.62KB , 900x450 , 62.png )
565208

>Do a quick mirror check to make sure this isn't a very convincing illusion.
No trickery here.
>Okay, he's clearly trying to say run.
Ominous.
>Maybe that means there's a third option? If the stone holder could use their last strength to toss or roll the stone in your direction?
…He can barely move. I don’t think he can move the stone further then letting it just fall out of his hand.

>Tell Thuul to climb back up and get the rope.
:ThaarkRUST: Thuul, go get the rope from Theen’s… raptor… you didn’t bring the rope, did you?
:ThuulRUST: I thought you brought it, boss.
:ThaarkRUST:
>Okay, I have a plan but it hinges on you still having the collapsible pole you used yesterday. If you have it then undo the straps on one of your arm guards and tie it to the end of the pole, with the arm guard dangling down. Then crawl over to the very limit of the pole's length, extend the pole, and slide the arm guard under or next to the dying lizard's arm so he can drop the keystone into it. Then you drag it back if he does. This plan would also work with a glove tied to the end or a small bag.
Right… I got a bag and a stick… let’s do this!
:ThaarkRUST: Thuul, you’re more agile then me… get the stone with this.
:ThuulRUST: On it, boss.

A bit close… just a little bit closer... almost… there! We got the stone! Now we just have to-
*Crunch*
:HorusRUST: Greetings, Thaarkrk... Thuulul… How nice of you to bring your fresh, succulent meat directly to my hungry mawaw…
:ThaarkRUST: …fuck.

Insert Hmm… something is different with Horus… did he get a haircut?_
>>
No. 565209 ID: dbe554

Okay we can see the daemon possessing him..

This might be a long shot but first, piddle self. RUN RUN RUN!
>>
No. 565211 ID: ae43f7

Oh Sonnova!
Okay, we're probably dead, but I'm thinking of trying something REALLY STUPID! FELLOW VOICES! BACK ME UP ON THIS!!
[create barrier around pawns]
AND YOU PAWNS RUN FOR IT!!!
>>
No. 565214 ID: 76b151

[Little Squid Thing Barrier] is a go
>>
No. 565215 ID: 9b57d3

>>565208
...great. You cannot defeat this foe. That is a Demon. You don't even have the [Spear], do you? If all seems lost and fear overtakes you, say "Ghar’ke Kakcha Bob". That will summon a Demon to fight this Demon.
>>
No. 565216 ID: 9b57d3

>>565214
>>565211
Are you NUTS?! It'll eat us!
>>
No. 565217 ID: d0e0a2

...Son of a bitch! It was a trap... I'm sorry, Thaark. I'm so sorry. We failed both of you.

There's one thing that might save you if you're really lucky. We know that daemons need to keep eating people to stay manifest in this world. This one might be about to run out of energy as long you both can dodge it.

[Attempt to grant our power to Thaark and Thuul to speed them up. Or anything! JUST PLEASE DO SOMETHING!]
[Thought to Thuul: TURN, TOSS AND DODGE!]

RUN, THAARK! RUN!
>>
No. 565218 ID: 9ddf68

oh... well shit

ok what do we know about deamons, well they can only stay in our world for so long before they leave so really we don't have to out run it as much as outlast it. On that note you may want to try and hit this guy in the legs or foot or something if you have any ranged weapons to slow him down... then run like hell anywhere you can, not just the exit if you can't make it but anywhere you can run into quickly. Remember we don't need to outrun, just outlast.
>>
No. 565220 ID: eb10ea

Run run run. Thaark, toss Thuul up the shaft and climb up between the sand and the wall, using the stick if you need to. If you want to fight back, don't make him bleed- we don't know what it'll do. Try fire instead. Fire always works, right?
>>
No. 565222 ID: 549d6c
File 139396897523.png - (66.91KB , 900x450 , 64.png )
565222

>Piddle self.
…mommy.
>RUN RUN RUN!
:ThaarkRUST: AAHH!!!
:HorusRUST: YOU CAN’T RU-
>[Attempt to grant our power to Thaark and Thuul to speed them up. Or anything! JUST PLEASE DO SOMETHING!]
*Rumble!*
:ThaarkRUST: AAAH!!!
:HorusRUST: Not no-
>>
No. 565224 ID: 549d6c
File 139396905881.png - (16.42KB , 900x450 , 65.png )
565224

:ThaarkRUST: -Off… I’m still... alive?
:ThuulRUST: ARG… my leg…
:ThaarkRUST: Thuul!
:ThuulRUST: Boss! Here! Take the stone and run! Now!
:ThaarkRUST: But yo-
:HorusRUST: Oh, I will savor the feeling of you wriggling down my throat, screaminging…
:ThuulRUST: Thaark! Forget about me and fucking run!!!
:ThaarkRUST: I… I…

Insert Leave no man behind_
>>
No. 565227 ID: 76b151

It look like there is primarily just sand on his legs. At least try to pull him out of there.
>>
No. 565230 ID: eb10ea

Well as long as we aren't doing the smart thing, pick him up. If you can rip off a muggers' head by the spine, you should be able to toss him to the top of the shaft. THEN run like a sumbitch. Just get him away from the collapse quickly, and keep your distance yourself. Those claws look menacing.
>>
No. 565231 ID: 9ddf68

remove the damn leg if you have to, just grab him and run, if he can bitch then he's fine. REMEMBER outlast not outrun. If we can outlast this guy until he's deamon for is pulled back to wherever the hell they come from we win and can treat his wound and give him an undead leg if need be. Or if he bleeds out we can just have him reanimated... unless he has a thing against that.

Bah, chop and run damn it chop and run!!!
>>
No. 565237 ID: dbe554

Grab the bastard he aint playing sacrifice today! Mantis claw + leg if its trapped
>>
No. 565238 ID: 9b57d3

>>565224
Pull/cut him out. The demon is tied to his host and the host cannot move right now. We can just leave before the demon digs its way out.

No leaving someone behind without at least trying to save them.
>>
No. 565239 ID: 9b57d3

Oh, if there's no way to get him out, then give him a mercy kill. You do NOT want him to be eaten by the Demon- they take a while to digest, like a Skrang.
>>
No. 565240 ID: d0e0a2

He's your brother, blood and species be damned! One way or another you won't leave him to be eaten by a daemon!

Drop the lantern, scoop up the keystone and chuck it up and out of the shaft. If you don't make it then there's a chance we can recover it later.

Now, I'm going to suggest doing something crazy. Draw your blade, scream defiance and slam it two-handed into the daemon's finger with all your might. If you can sever it, it'll be just that much less energy it has to remain in this world and it'll impede it's ability to get at you. If it doesn't work then you only spent a moment to try.

Okay, it looks like the sand is only covering his legs up to just below his hips. You might be able to pull his legs out by sliding them up his pants. Undo his belt then grab his upper thigh with both hands and pull, alternating between legs. Pull hard if you have to, and if he's stuck then start digging.

If you manage to get Thuul out, throw him on your back, hold on to him with one hand and start climbing out.
>>
No. 565254 ID: d315b1

Yank him out. I don't care if you have to chop his leg off to get him free, he MUST NOT die to the demon!
>>
No. 565273 ID: 9b57d3

Oh wait nevermind about the slow digestion thing, he'll just get killed horribly so that the Demon can eat his pain and fear. The slow digestion thing only happens when Bob swallows someone whole so that the fear and pain lasts a long time and he can afford to manifest for a longer period of time. Bob also has a big enough mouth to do that. This one is much smaller.

Come to think of it, I wonder if this Demon will last much longer? If we can delay it and keep down the fear and pain, it won't be able to feed and would have to go home.
>>
No. 565285 ID: 549d6c
File 139402507212.png - (18.97KB , 900x450 , 66.png )
565285

>Well as long as we aren't doing the smart thing, pick him up.
>He's your brother, blood and species be damned!
>Yank him out.
>I don't care if you have to chop his leg off to get him free, he MUST NOT die to the demon!
>No leaving someone behind without at least trying to save them.
>Chop and run damn it chop and run!!!
:ThuulRUST: WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? LEAVE ME!!
:ThaarkRUST: NEVER!! You’re my brother! I will never leave you to die! Just be still, I almost got it… I almost… there! You’re free! See, we’re going to make-
:HorusRUST: Ah, your hope is so delicious...
:ThaarkRUST: No…
:HorusRUST: Oh, Thaark, you should have run when you had the chance… then maybe you’d make it… but now? A pathetic sacrifice for nothing…
:ThaarkRUST: YOU’RE NEVER TAKING US ALIVE, YOU SO-
>>
No. 565286 ID: 549d6c
File 139402509034.png - (18.75KB , 900x450 , 67.png )
565286

:ThaarkRUST: MFFF!!!
:ThuulRUST: T-Thaark… no…

[Your Knight piece “The Warrior” has been killed! (Consumed alive by a daemon!)]
[Please choose a new piece to control.]

Insert B-but… but… he was a playable character! They aren’t supposed to die! What happened to plot armor, Kaktus? Plot armor!!?_
>>
No. 565293 ID: 4a75fa

Disbelieve?
>>
No. 565296 ID: 37aa84

Good idea, I was under the impression demons wouldn't need to have eaten us to kill us. I thought they just needed to be present to mess everyone up. Although how do we command someone who believes they have died to cause themselves a superficial wound? Is Thuul a claimable pawn, I can't remember if we've ever checked.
>>
No. 565298 ID: e9e331

wake up?
>>
No. 565299 ID: ae43f7

Well.
I figure let's switch to the Acolyte-I feel like we haven't done much with her, and even if she IS blind, she's still a necromancer...
But wait a second...
Pawns, King, Queen...It just said a 'piece' died. What level was Thaark then? Always just a pawn?
[Message Thaark: Can you hear this?]
[If no response/failure to connect to piece Thaark, switch to Acolyte.]
>>
No. 565302 ID: 4a75fa

>It just said a 'piece' died. What level was Thaark then? Always just a pawn?
It says Knight Piece, actually.
>>
No. 565304 ID: d0e0a2

...Deception and illusion... ...Lies and deceit... This is not real.

>[Your Knight piece “The Warrior” has been killed! (Consumed alive by a daemon!)]
We disbelieve!

>[Please choose a new piece to control.]
WE REFUSE!

WE REJECT THIS REALITY!

[UNDO]
>>
No. 565305 ID: 549d6c
File 139403626321.png - (7.39KB , 900x450 , 68.png )
565305

>Disbelieve?

>[Message Thaark: Can you hear this?]
[Unable to send message! Error: 425521B… “Receiver is deceased”]
>WE REJECT THIS REALITY!
[Unable to substitute your own reality.]
>[UNDO]
[Admin access is required for command UNDO.]

>Is Thuul a claimable pawn, I can't remember if we've ever checked.
[The hunter is currently not claimed. Do you wish to claim this pawn? You currently have two pawn slots remaining.]
>[Switch to Acolyte.]
[The Acolyte is currently asleep… do you wish to wake her?]

Insert Press F9 for help. Press F10 to start in safe mode. Press F11 to reboot universe. Press F12 to Cucumber_
>>
No. 565306 ID: 4a75fa

F12. F9.

>numbers and stuff
...Erin?
>>
No. 565308 ID: 3f0c1b

[Claim Hunter]

...let's hope we can bring back Thaark to life, I mean I doubt it but there is hope. Or maybe we shouldn't hope considering the deamon feeds on it, this will be a hard opponent to fight.
>>
No. 565311 ID: 0ee153

F11. F10.
>>
No. 565312 ID: 37aa84

>Cucumber_
Well color me curious [F12]

Yeah lets claim the Hunter, there isn't much risk in claiming a piece that's apt to die anyway if there is a chance to save it.
>>
No. 565315 ID: d0e0a2

>[Admin access is required for command UNDO.]
...[F10]

But if that doesn't work: [Claim "The Hunter" Thuul]
I know there's no hope to save him. I just want a chance to call the Dark One a massive shitbrick for screwing over every other daemon and this world because he couldn't stand to eat bland food.

And I call bullshit that we had no hint the daemon could phase through the collapse.
>>
No. 565316 ID: 549d6c
File 139404445043.png - (13.41KB , 900x450 , 69.png )
565316

>F12.
[Cucumber mode activated!]
>F11.
[Unable to reboot universe. Syntax Error: Cucumber!]
>F10.
[There is no safe place in this world… nowhere is ever safe…]
>F9.
[The only one who can help you is yourself.]

>[Claim Hunter]
[You have claimed “The Hunter” as a pawn!]
…so this is it… this is how it ends? …boss getting crushed in the ruble… trapped in a place no one knows exist with a busted leg… I… do I starve or do I end it right now? I… I might survive on the boss legs for while… unless I bleed to death first…

Insert 127 hours remaining_
>>
No. 565317 ID: 4a75fa

...hello Thuul. We're sorry. We failed the two of you.

What happened? The demon withdrew?

Is the stone still there? Perhaps there's a way we could use it.
>>
No. 565318 ID: ae43f7

Hrrm.
[claim hunter]
[switch to character :The Scholar]
...Ilbir? We...We messed up and lost Thaark...There was another demon, one manifested in this world.
>>
No. 565319 ID: 9b57d3

Why did the demon leave you alive?
>>
No. 565320 ID: 2f4b71

>>565316
>boss getting crushed in the ruble
Waitaminute. Play back what happened to the boss from your point of view.
>>
No. 565322 ID: ae43f7

...Thuul.
We're sorry this happened to you...We tried to save you both and...It ended with the boss's death.
As for you...Hang tight. You'll be rescued soon enough. It's the least we can do.
>>
No. 565323 ID: 9b57d3

>>565320
Oh for crap's sake, that was an illusion? Well that's why the advice we got for fighting demons was to just run. Because nothing is ever real in their presence, even death.

I expect we can raise Thaark's crushed body from the dead later. 80% failure rate doesn't mean shit when we're involved.
>>
No. 565324 ID: 549d6c
File 139404745929.png - (13.41KB , 900x450 , 70.png )
565324

>...hello Thuul. We're sorry. We failed the two of you.
Huh…? Who…? Wait… you’re those weird voice Thaark was talking about… so, you came to me after he died, huh?
>Why did the demon leave you alive?
…Demon? What demon?
>Is the stone still there? Perhaps there's a way we could use it.
I… I can’t see it… I… I don’t know where it is.
>I expect we can raise Thaark's crushed body from the dead later.
…I don’t think you can raise something like that… he’s just mush now…

>Waitaminute. Play back what happened to the boss from your point of view.
Err… this man… old human with glowing red eyes came out and… um… Thaark screamed for me to run and then everything started shaking… and then everything collapsed. The roof crushed bo- Thaark… and it busted my leg while trapping me here…

Insert Clearly, the solution is to eat his own arm for substance!_
>>
No. 565327 ID: e9e331

that's, that's not what we saw... the hell? Alright so how bad is you leg trapped? Trapped as in just suck under something or trapped as in crushed and there's no way you're getting it back? cause if it's the latter then I suggest you cut of you leg to escape, IF you have something to stop the bleeding of course. Failing that we can move over to someone else, tell them where you are and have them come and get you. Just giving you options here.
>>
No. 565329 ID: 3f0c1b

The deamon is obviously messing with us, from our perspective you were the one who told Thaark to run. Also we only saw you get hit by the rubble at first.

I think it's probably over, you are doomed, the deamon feeding on hope has got us, doooooooomed!
It can't feed on OUR hope can it? Because I think we might not be as badly off as it looks. This wouldn't be the first time our interface got messed with.
>>
No. 565330 ID: 9b57d3

>>565324
Well there's nothing we can do for you. Sorry. All that's left is for you to do what you can with the time you have left.
[switch to Ilbir, then check pawn status]
>>565327
Shh, don't give him any hope. Hope feeds the demon. It's probably still around, and we need to starve it out.
>>
No. 565339 ID: d0e0a2

...Red eyes? Thuul, go back. Tell us what everything that happened after you arrived at the ruins, up to when the old guy showed up. How did you get the keystone? What did you hear?

And you're not going to like this, but could you cause yourself pain? Like a cut across your leg? Sorry, I know it's asking a lot.

I have a hunch; Gotta keep it secret. If it works or not will tell us something. [Claim pawn "The Speaker"]
>>
No. 565342 ID: 549d6c
File 139405393290.png - (13.60KB , 900x450 , 71.png )
565342

>I think it's probably over, you are doomed, the deamon feeding on hope has got us, doooooooomed!
…well, I do have some knives… I can just end it right now if it’s pointless to try to survive.
>Trapped as in just stuck under something or trapped as in crushed and there's no way you're getting it back?
…I don’t know. I can’t feel my left foot… or my ankle… or my knee… the rest hurts like hell, though.
>If it's the latter then I suggest you cut of you leg to escape, IF you have something to stop the bleeding of course.
I got some bandages… but I don’t think I’ll make it anyhow. The entrance is completely blocked… and I’m in the middle of nowhere.

>...Red eyes? Thuul, go back. Tell us what everything that happened after you arrived at the ruins, up to when the old guy showed up.
Let’s see… We follow two tribals here, one of them was slaughtered topside, three others was dead in this room, it looked like someone has been eating them, the place started to shake, Boss wanted to bail, I find the Key stone, I grab the stone with the help of a bag on a stick, this old man comes out, boss tells me to run, everything shakes again, Boss gets dead, I get stuck, you get all questiony.
>You're not going to like this, but could you cause yourself pain? Like a cut across your leg?
…I’m already in horrible pain… but if you want more I got a lot of knives… um… why do you want me to mutilate myself?

Insert Along the road, not across it!_
>>
No. 565343 ID: 37aa84

No just some minor cut to start bleeding to make sure you aren't being fooled by a wraith illusion, we're seeing things from your perspective so we'd be fooled too. We also saw things differently from Thaark's perspective, he didn't get crushed and got eaten by a Daemon trying to dig you out. We can probably assume he wasn't crushed since we continued to have contact with him so your probably not seeing things as they actually are.
>>
No. 565348 ID: 9b57d3

Hmm, that's true, Wraith-based illusions can have fake pain. Real pain can be self-inflicted.

Don't kill yourself yet, Thuul.
>>
No. 565349 ID: d90d89

last we saw the exit didn't get caved in. think you're stuck in illusions right now, hell you might not even be stuck.
>>
No. 565350 ID: d0e0a2

Thank you, Thuul. I had to check that until the old guy, Horus, showed up that what you saw lined up with what we saw, because after that point it doesn't. Instead we saw Thaark devoured alive by a daemon while trying to save you. That says "illusion" to me. Add in the red eyes and that equals "wraith."

From what we know, drawing blood and causing yourself pain will dispel wraith illusions. Illusions can also create fake pain like what you might be feeling, but it doesn't count to dispel. You need real pain. Not a lot. Just a shallow cut will do.

But before you cut yourself get out your mirror if you still have it and look around in the reflection. Reflections can see through illusions; That's why Thaark checked the hall in one right before Horus showed up. Check your leg first, just in case something is noshing on you. And still cut yourself to dispel the illusion.
>>
No. 565351 ID: 9b57d3

Oh, I wonder if we can call the Spear here to let you kill the Wraith after you drive it out by cutting yourself?

Oh, don't forget about that hand-mirror you have too.
>>
No. 565354 ID: d0e0a2

>>565351
That's an idea. It was given to us, not Jer. He just was the one who picked it up. [Summon Spear of Light]

But if we can't summon it directly, maybe any of our pieces can. Thuul, could you reach out and... I dunno... Will a spear into your hand? Take it? I dunno how Jer did it. He just thought he needed the spear, and there it was.
>>
No. 565399 ID: d674bc

>differences in what we saw
Disbelieve illusion.
>>
No. 565401 ID: 549d6c
File 139412677387.png - (14.00KB , 900x450 , 72.png )
565401

>Disbelieve illusion.
…how do I know what’s real and what isn’t?
>Get out your mirror if you still have it and look around in the reflection.
…it’s completely broken… none of the shards are large enough to see anything worthwhile with… wait, light? I think I can see light reflecting in the mirror but… there isn’t any light here?
>From what we know, drawing blood and causing yourself pain will dispel wraith illusions.
Right, I’ll cut my finger then…
*Snick*
…it hurt a bit and I’m bleeding yet still nothing changed. Are you sure you know how to dispel an illusion?

>[Summon Spear of Light]
What the he- where did th-
*Snick*
Ow! Stupid spear cut my hand when it fell to the floor… err… wait; I’m pretty sure the entrance was blocked just a moment ago.

Insert Spear me, oh please, Spear me!_
>>
No. 565402 ID: d90d89

yeah being on the business end of illusions sucks ass but hey I think I see your boss, grab the spear and maybe jab him a bit with it. You know like a child pokes a dead body with a stick to see if it's really dead.
>>
No. 565416 ID: d0e0a2

Ah, we misinterpreted the dispel instructions. The blood has to be drawn, or the pain inflicted, by the Spear of Light or similar empowered weapon. Sorry about that, Thuul. Now, quick! Take the spear and jab Thaark! Draw blood and break the illusion for him!

Oh gods, I hope it's not too late. Thaark was devoured alive by a daemon and killed in the illusion. Given that I don't know in what shape he'll back, or if he'll come back at all.

Better check if we have connection to Thaark again after he's poked. [Check status of nearby pieces]
>>
No. 565420 ID: 9b57d3

>>565401
I think Thaark is still dead. See if you can dislodge yourself and poke him with the spear. It's about time to leave this place. At least Thaark's body is intact, we can raise him later. [check status of pawns]

Also, cutting your finger was supposed to reveal the Wraith, not necessarily dispel the illusion. Looks like the spear can dispel illusions that way though, interesting.
>>
No. 565423 ID: 549d6c
File 139413438012.png - (14.25KB , 900x450 , 73.png )
565423

>[Check status of nearby pieces]
[“The Hunter” Status: Dying! No other pawns found in the area!]

>I think I see your boss, grab the spear and maybe jab him a bit with it. You know like a child pokes a dead body with a stick to see if it's really dead.
He doesn’t react… nor is he breathing… and I think he soiled himself... I don’t… I… he didn’t make it…
>At least Thaark's body is intact, we can raise him later.
Theen have put away money for something like this… I just hope it’s enough.
>See if you can dislodge yourself.
I’ll try… but I don’t think I can do it alone. At least, not unless I want to bleed to death and *cough* ugh… It’s starting to get hard to breathe… I think I might have some broken ribs…
>It's about time to leave this place.
I… I can’t… even if I get lose I’ll never climb up from here with my leg in the shape it is in… especially if I need to carry the bosses corpse with me. I think you’ll have to get help, voice…

Insert Bleeding to death alone in a puddle of your own urine… always the way I wanted to go_
>>
No. 565424 ID: 9b57d3

>>565423
Looks like it. I was trying to go get help earlier, but nothing happened. Let's try again this time. Don't get your hopes up though. Like seriously, don't, that's a bad idea.

Stay alive.
[switch to Tera]
>>
No. 565425 ID: d90d89

ok, we just checked and your boss is still alive but dying and you do have the two raptors outside to help carry the two of you. Just try talking to your boss, he's probably in a illusion similar to yours where whatever is casting it is trying to get him to give up and die, do what you can to snap him out of it we're going to try and send help. And for the love of god nether of you better die or when we reanimate you we'll put you under Theen's control, and undead under someone's control have to do whatever they say so if you don't want to go through with that DON'T DIE. We'll be back soon
[switch to pawn most likely able to help]
>>
No. 565428 ID: 9b57d3

>>565425
No, "The Hunter" is Thuul.
>>
No. 565429 ID: dbe554

*Switch to NEAREST pawn*
>>
No. 565433 ID: eb10ea

Don't die on us, or we'll have to bring you back and kick your ass so hard Theen will get jealous. Apply direct pressure to your wounds and stop the bleeding, We'll get help ASAP.

[Switch to Ilbir]
>>
No. 565434 ID: d0e0a2

...Sigh... It was too much to hope for. I'm sorry, Thuul.

We'll go get help. In the meantime you lay down and concentrate on breathing and staying alive, okay. Oh, but before doing that pull your belt off and cinch it as tight as you can as low as you can around your busted leg; That ought to help with the bleeding. And cut yourself with the spear again if you suspect there's an illusion.

And don't worry about how much Theen has stashed away for this kind of thing. Thaark was an agent of Lord Jericho, so technically died in service to the Serath Kingdom. They ought to cover the cost of him being raised by the best necromancer in the capitol, and if it doesn't then we'll get Jer to pay for it.

We'll jump to Ilbir. He was with Thaark when they were going through the maps, so he ought to know which one was the first one Thaark checked. He'll also be able to rapidly assemble a team that'll be able to get out here fast, save Thuul, recover Thaark's corpse, and secure the keystone. [Switch to The Scholar]

>>565425
You got that wrong. Check your codenames. "The Warrior" is... Was Thaark. "The Hunter" is Thuul.
>>
No. 565435 ID: 549d6c
File 139413774806.png - (14.46KB , 900x450 , 74.png )
565435

>Don't get your hopes up though. Like seriously, don't, that's a bad idea.
…If you say so.
>That pull your belt off and cinch it as tight as you can as low as you can around your busted leg; That ought to help with the bleeding.
…I don’t know if it helped but… ugh… I’m starting to feel numb…
>We'll go get help. In the meantime you lay down and concentrate on breathing and staying alive, okay.
I’ll try… just… save boss, alright?

>*Switch to NEAREST pawn*
[Unable to locate nearest pawn!]
>[switch to Tera]
:IlbirRUST: Did you really need to take a nap in my bedroom?
:TeraRUST: I was tired… and it was the only soft place around here. Besides, a little nap have never hurt anyone.
:IlbirRUST: My bedroom is private! …and you snore!
:TeraRUST: I’m blind… I can’t see anything you don’t want me to see… and I don’t snore!
:IlbirRUST: How did you even get in there!? …and you do too!
:TeraRUST: A guard escorted me up here so I should talk to you, but you weren’t here… so I took a nap in your bed. Oh, and you probably forgot to lock the door… and I don’t snore, dammit!
:IlbirRUST: Ugh… next time keep away from my room, alright… just… just tell me want you want… and do something about that infernal snoring.
:TeraRUST: Stop saying I snore! I’m a lady, ladies never snore!
:IlbirRUST: You’re neither a lady or a graceful sleeper, I have you know.
:TeraRUST: Bah, what do you know about ladies beauty sleep anyway… oh right, I was going to ask you if you could do me a favor… you got access to the Academies archives, right?
:IlbirRUST: I’m not doing you a favor after you’ve slept in my bed without permission.
:TeraRUST: Aw, no fair!

Insert Everyone snores_
>>
No. 565436 ID: 9b57d3

>>565435
Why the FUCK did Thaark and Thuul leave without backup? Thaark is dead and Thuul is slowly dying under a collapsed ceiling! THERE WAS A DEMON THERE.

Get a rescue party, immediately!
>>
No. 565437 ID: 76b151

*ding*

We have lots of bad news. Thaark is dead and Thruul is trapped and dying. We need to get people over there to help them.

They are in some ruins near the stone doves. We need a rescue party there pronto. Or at least a necromancer.
>>
No. 565438 ID: 9b57d3

>>565436
Oh, and by the way, the Dove's Nest was the wrong location. The coin thing was the right interpretation all along, and it was the first map you used.
>>
No. 565439 ID: eb10ea

Everybody get off your asses, Thaark is dead and Thuul is dying! they found the keystone, it was 'three doves east of the city' on the first map you tried. Get Temrock in case that demon is still around, a medic, and a few guards, and get them back to the city. We'll inform the others to make additional preparations.
>>
No. 565440 ID: 549d6c
File 139413968865.png - (15.96KB , 900x450 , 75.png )
565440

>*ding*
:TeraRUST: Oh, hi vo-
>Thaark is dead and Thuul is dying!
:TeraRUST: What!? Not Thaarky! He was supposed to give me a bunch of chocolate and stuff first!
>Why the FUCK did Thaark and Thuul leave without backup?
:IlbirRUST: What are you talking about? Temrock and some guards were supposed to escort them. So, if they didn’t follow them, where are th- oh, wait, they are in the court yard… looks like they are waiting for something…
>Get a rescue party, immediately!
:TeraRUST: Well, we already have a rescue party in the court yard…
>Or at least a necromancer.
:TeraRUST: Unless you want an brainless zombie we’ll need to bring them back here for some extra preparations.
>The Dove's Nest was the wrong location. The coin thing was the right interpretation all along, and it was the first map you used.
:IlbirRUST: Right… I can’t remember exactly which one was the first but… I do believe I can find the right spot.



:TemrockRUST: Ah, master Ilbir. Where are the Mercenaries we were supposed to escort?
:IlbirRUST: Change of plans, this is now a rescue mission. Thaark and Thuul is in trouble.
:TemrockRUST: Well, we are ready to leave at you command, lad.
:IlbirRUST: And I’m coming with you.
:TemrockRUST: Um… isn’t that a bit dangerous? No disrespect, lad, but you are quite clearly a lover, not a fighter.
:IlbirRUST: Well, someone with the voices should come with you… where are Jer and the Prince?
:TeraRUST: They were heading down to the crypts last time I saw them.
:IlbirRUST: Dammit.

Insert Not a lot of options_
>>
No. 565443 ID: ae43f7

*sighes* Wait...Bring Tera.
Thaark is dead, and she can 'see' dead things, besides, there were a bunch of corpses down there- she can help locate them faster.
I figure some other necromancers can do the prepwork, seeing how well Tera did when she tried it...
>>
No. 565446 ID: eb10ea

>[Switch to The Pebble]
>error

... son of a bitch.

We'll have to split up; we're going with whoever's headed to the crypts. Tell Temrock to be ready in case of deamons, just because those insufferable pricks have been EVERYWHERE lately.
>>
No. 565450 ID: d0e0a2

Gods fuckin' dammit! How the fuck did Thaark and Thuul miss their escort?! What the hell happened after lunch? Where was the miscommunication?

Okay, are you sure about the first map that Thaark checked the coins on? Can you check with Theen before you leave? Well, even if you can't confirm the map it's a straight shot east from the city no matter what. There's two dead raptors outside the ruin, so look for circling carrion birds.

You're going to need a doctor for this trip; Preferably one skilled in emergency medicine. When we left Thuul he was starting to feel numb. In fact, we better [Check piece status] now to see if he already died. In that case you can leave the doc behind.

Tell Temrock that the site has a wraith in it, and I think it's a powerful one. It's illusion was strong enough that when Thaark was devoured by a daemon in it he died for real. Thankfully the body the wraith possessed is trapped on the other side of a the collapsed entrance hall, but it's close enough to illusion Thuul's location.

You're going to need the Spear of Light before heading into the ruin. A cut from it will dispel the wraith's illusions for the one cut. We summoned it to Thuul and he used it to break the illusion over him. If Thuul is already dead we'll [Summon the Spear of Light] right now, but if he isn't we'll do it right before you go in, since we're unsure if touching it after being cut is what keeps the illusions away.

And you have to hurry. We only found the ruins because we followed a couple tribals from the Dove's Nest. And there were at least four tribesmen ripped apart down there. And the wraith possessed was Horus, one of warlord Mor'Kay's right-hand men. That means Mor'Kay knows where it is and more of his men could arrive at any time. If they do, we'll lose the keystone.

...Oh, dammit. Just realized something. When we tried to switch to Jer, we got slapped with an "error" and bounced to Thaark instead. That might mean Jer is someplace that blocks us. We better try to jump to him or Eliraz before following you, Ilbir. [Switch to The Pebble or The Thief]

>>565443
She can "see" necromantic... Magic? Energy? Whatever. She can see necromantic stuff, not corpses. But bring her along anyway. She can prep Thaark's body for transport... And Thuul's if he doesn't make it. Will another necromancer help for this?
>>
No. 565451 ID: 9b57d3

>>565446
It's probably because of time shenanigans. We'll switch to them in the future, I bet.

>>565440
Just go, time is of the essence! I'd rather not have to raise both of them from the grave thank you. Keep in mind that Tera is also one of our pawns, though. Either you or her could go, or both.
>>
No. 565452 ID: 9b57d3

Oh wait a minute! Temrock would be an excellent pawn, and we have a slot open. Then you could stay here where it's safe, if you want.

[claim Temrock as a pawn if available and unclaimed]
>>
No. 565459 ID: d0e0a2

>>565452
Hold on that! If Thaark is successfully raised we'll need that slot to claim him again.
>>
No. 565460 ID: 9b57d3

>>565459
Can't we just unclaim Thuul?
>>
No. 565462 ID: 9ddf68

ok guys whatever you do when rescuing this guys, don't get your hopes up, we'll tell you why after you save them but for the rest of the mission be as pessimistic as possible. Again we'll tell you why when you get them out of there.
>>
No. 565463 ID: d0e0a2

>>565460
I don't think so. Check halfway down >>563815: "[Pawns can only be released by death. Either by the pawns death or the players!]" However, at the time we had that damn wraith in us so it might have been fucking with the notice. We'll have to check that again to be sure.

Also, there might be a way we can "trade" a pawn to Pink to hold onto for us, if she has a empty pawn slot. Back here >>/questarch/557125 when we found Red's pawn we had the option to try and seize control of it. So if we ask Pink to attempt to take one of our pawns and we offer no contest, she'll get it.
>>
No. 565506 ID: d0e0a2

...I just had a horrible thought: What if the wraith possessing Horus' body ditches it because it's trapped in the rubble and jumps to Thaark's corpse?

Ask Temrock if wraiths need line of sight on a corpse to possess it or if they just need to be nearby. If it's the latter then ask if a wraith can and will release possession and jump to another corpse if the body it's in is totally stuck.
>>
No. 565527 ID: 549d6c
File 139420729991.png - (15.95KB , 900x450 , 76.png )
565527

>[Switch to The Pebble or The Thief]
[There isn’t enough updates left in this thread to switch to “The Pebble”. Please wait for the next thread.]
>Can't we just unclaim Thuul?
[You can only unclaim one pawn every 24 hours. Additionally, you can’t claim a pawn you’ve unclaimed before those 24 hours has run out. This does not include death and resurrections.]
>[claim Temrock as a pawn if available and unclaimed]
[Do you wish to claim the queen piece “Heir of savagery”? You have one pawn slot left. Y/N?]

>Gods fuckin' dammit! How the fuck did Thaark and Thuul miss their escort?! What the hell happened after lunch? Where was the miscommunication?
:IlbirRUST: Well, going by Thaark’s usual pridefulness, it’s possible that I deliberately missed the escort to do this himself. Theen usually stops him but… yeah…
>You're going to need a doctor for this trip; Preferably one skilled in emergency medicine.
:TemrockRUST: We got a medic with us, lad. He’s good enough to stabilize anything survivable.
>Bring Tera.
:TemrockRUST: Are you sure? I rather have someone a bit more… skillful when it comes to combat. We can’t babysit a blind lass if we get into a fight out there.
:TeraRUST: Hey! I can take care of myself!
>Tell Temrock that the site has a wraith in it, and I think it's a powerful one.
:TemrockRUST: A wraith? Hmm… I better plan ahead, then.
>Ask Temrock if wraiths need line of sight on a corpse to possess it or if they just need to be nearby.
:TemrockRUST: They just need to be close, lad. But it’s weak when it has a new body… nothing more than a sitting duck for the first hour.
>Just go, time is of the essence!
:TemrockRUST: We’ll ‘ead out as soon as you’re ready. Now… who’s coming with me? ...or do I get another set of voices?
:IlbirRUST: Another set?
:TemrockRUST: Aye, I used to ‘ave one of those voices in me ‘ead a few years ago… called himself Red… don’t know what happened to him, though. Just went silence like an old battlefield one day. So, what will it be, eh lad?

Insert Oh, my accent is slipping!_
>>
No. 565528 ID: 3f0c1b

Temrock is Red's old queen piece? Claim the shit out of him!
>>
No. 565529 ID: dbe554

Well Temrock has proven faithful, useful, and is an all around decent fellow when it comes down to it. Claim him.
>>
No. 565530 ID: ae43f7

Here's hoping he can fit- and before someone cracks a joke, I'm serious- he's apparently made it to Queen status, and we've only a pawn slot remaining-that really might cause issues.

With that said? I think Tera should come along. Provided she doesn't go anywhere without someone to look after her.
>>
No. 565535 ID: d0e0a2

Red's former queen piece? Hell yeah we'll claim that! [Claim "Heir of Savagery"] Welcome to the team, Temrock. We'll have some things to say and some questions to ask you about Red soon.

Ilbir, Tera, I have a strong feeling there's going to be combat on this trip and neither of you are fighters. Walking you two into a probable combat situation would be foolish of us, so you both should stay behind. Besides, Ilbir, you've got an appointment tonight you don't want to miss, right?

Ilbir, please arrange for the best necromancer available to be ready to work on Thaark as soon as he arrives. Theen should have some cash stashed away for this, but we'll ask Jer and Eliraz to cover most, if not all, of it. And since Thaark was an agent of Lord Jericho and it could be said he was killed in service to the Serath Kingdom would the state chip in at least a bit as well?

Tera, unless you, and only you, can do something out there that'll increase the chances that raising Thaark will bring him back with his mind intact, you should stay here. You can speak with Theen and get him to write down stuff about Thaark to focus on for his raising, then help with the prep for it.

If there's anything a necromancer can do out there to improve the odds Thaark's raising is successful then Temrock should bring along a... "Field necromancer?" Just one that has some combat skill and isn't so "squishy."

Oh, and a mirrors or other reflective item along, Temrock. We can summon a weapon that can kick a wraith out of a body and so the wraith can be destroyed, but no way to see it once it's loose other than reflections. We'll need to do that to clear Thaark's corpse if the wraith took it.
>>
No. 565536 ID: 549d6c
File 139421697107.png - (9.30KB , 900x450 , 77.png )
565536

>Claim the shit out of him!
[Unable to claim the shit out of “Heir of Savagery” as he’s just taken a dump. Instead you’ll have to be content in just claiming “Heir of savagery” as a normal pawn.]
[“Heir of savagery” has been claimed!]

>Welcome to the team, Temrock. We'll have some things to say and some questions to ask you about Red soon.
:TemrockRUST: (Let’s hope you’re a better leader then Red, lad.)

>Ilbir, Tera, I have a strong feeling there's going to be combat on this trip and neither of you are fighters. Walking you two into a probable combat situation would be foolish of us, so you both should stay behind.
:IlbirRUST: Right, I’m staying.
:TeraRUST: Aw, you guys are no fun…
>Ilbir, please arrange for the best necromancer available to be ready to work on Thaark as soon as he arrives.
:IlbirRUST: I’ll see what I can do.
>Tera, speak with Theen and get him to write down stuff about Thaark to focus on for his raising, then help with the prep for it.
:TeraRUST: On it!
>If there's anything a necromancer can do out there to improve the odds Thaark's raising is successful then Temrock should bring along a... "Field necromancer?"
:TemrockRUST: We do have combat necromancers, yes. I’ll bring one with me to make sure the corpses don’t start to rot.
>Oh, and a mirrors or other reflective items.
:TemrockRUST: I’ve fought Wraiths before, lad.



>Go!
:TemrockRUST: …let me guess, the ruins are just over the next sand dune?
:GuardRUST: I thinks so, why do you a- oh… that’s… that’s a Skrang… what is a Skrang doing this close to the capital?
:TemrockRUST: Better question is, why is jumping around on the same spot, lad…
:GuardRUST: How did that thing even get here!? Those things aren’t supposed to be able to leave their normal hunting grounds!
:UnknownKAK: I can smell death…
:TemrockRUST: Why do you necromancers always have to be so bloody gloomy all the time!?
:UnknownKAK: No seriously, I can smell a corpse… and it’s close.

Insert They are always all DEATH and GLOOM and DOOM. Stupid emo necromancers…_
>>
No. 565538 ID: 9b57d3

>>565536
Incoming spears! Dodge!

The Skrang is probably right over the ruins, which explains why they collapsed. I think Horus set up some sort of Skrang-attractor, like something that creates a repetitive noise. Maybe thumping the ground... like a "thumper"?
>>
No. 565539 ID: 4a75fa

>Let’s hope you’re a better leader then Red, lad.
Well, for one thing, we don't force people to obey our orders. And we're generally interested in making things better for people. If you want a second opinion, the sultan had dealings with Red, and indirectly with us.

>what's the worm doing?
Is that thing digging up the site or something? (We could always switch there to check, and then switch back?).
>>
No. 565540 ID: ae43f7

*thinks*
...If a Skrang died, and a necromancer reanimated it...Could it be brought back to life and controlled?
Because if that's plausible crap's gonna hit the fan for us AND blue.
>>
No. 565543 ID: 549d6c
File 139421940946.png - (10.24KB , 900x450 , 78.png )
565543

>...If a Skrang died, and a necromancer reanimated it...Could it be brought back to life and controlled?
They are too big. There’s no way a necromancer can be powerful enough to reanimate something like that… at least, not a mortal necromancer at least.
>Well, for one thing, we don't force people to obey our orders. And we're generally interested in making things better for people.
Better for whom? There are a lot of people around and most have different views of what “better” is.
>Is that thing digging up the site or something?
No, it looks like it’s just… jumping around in a circle…
>I think Horus set up some sort of Skrang-attractor, like something that creates a repetitive noise.
Even if he did, the nearest Skrang spot is hours from here on a raptor. There’s no way he should have lured one thi-

>Incoming spears! Dodge!
:TemrockRUST: GET DOWN!!!
*Tock*Tock*Tock*
:HorusRUST: …bah, and here I was hoping that I would lure out your king Teal… I guess I’ll just have to be content killing some more of your pawns.
:TemrockRUST: Horus…
:HorusRUST: I’m sorry, but Horus been dead for months…
:TemrockRUST: So you really are a Wraith then…
:HorusRUST: Ha, Wraith!? I shit Wraiths for breakfast! No, I’m something far worse… I do believe your people usually call me… “The Dark one”…
:TemrockRUST: …Daemon…
:HorusRUST: In a sense, yes… this one is more like… pawn of a Daemon… a pawn to me, like you and your voices. Now, I’ve already had my fill of stupid mortals today so I’ll make all of you a deal. Everyone who isn’t a pawn can run for your pathetic little life and I’ll let you live. You’re irrelevant to the big picture anyway… no, I’m only here for the pawn… Temrock, was it? I hope you’re ready to die. Now, any last words?
:TemrockRUST:

I believe I have a plan… If I’m right about what he is. Distract him… give me time!

Insert *Swooosh!**Battle music*_
>>
No. 565544 ID: 9b57d3

>>565543
(hmm, so ask him lots of questions, maybe? We're good at that.)
Horus, what are your goals? Don't you know the Daemon race will die out from starvation if you insist on feeding on fear and pain instead of hope? How does a Daemon even possess someone like you're doing with Horus? Why were you helping Mor'Kay? Do you know what Mor'Kay is, even?

You wouldn't happen to know who Bob and Steve are, would you? Oh, by the way, Steve says hi.

[after he's done answering questions, summon Spear of Light, wield it ourselves to attack Horus!]
>>
No. 565545 ID: eb10ea

What the hell is his endgame? After he's eaten everyone, how does he plan to survive?

If all else fails, you better have enough last words handy to keep him distracted.
>>
No. 565547 ID: d0e0a2

Temrock, order everyone else to keep going to the ruins and complete the mission. At least that can come of this. ...Wait a sec. Temrock, how do you know Horus?

Alright, Dark One, how did Horus end up your "pawn?" How'd you get him out of the ruins after the collapse? Would our pawn had made it out if we had told him to take the keystone and run? How did you know when and where to lay the trap with the keystone? How did that skrang get over here? Why is it jumping around in the same spot? What caused the two "earthquakes" in the ruins? Did you know what was in Jericho's locket? Were you the daemon imprisoned in the Marches? Was the lesser rune taken from the Marches part of the seal on your prison? A prison? What exactly did you do at Then’dranil? Do you literally shit wraiths? Who's pawn was Aviris? Why is Mor'Kay helping you? What the heck is Mor'Kay? How can you change the future if you've already seen it? What killed the old gods? What killed the new gods? What were the gods? Do you know what we are? Because Bob doesn't.

And, lastly, you're a massive shitbrick for basically wanting to doom all the other daemons and screw over this world because you can't stand bland food. Fuck you.

[Continually summon Spear of Light to random positions in the way of and above Horus, point towards him]
[Check corruption level]
>>
No. 565548 ID: 0ef19f

Hoo man... Hey, Dude, like so I had a thought- maybe screwing over the physical world isn't a bright idea?
Like sure, hope is bland, but bland food beats no food right?
Aaaand speaking of bland...
[Nom Horus]
>>
No. 565549 ID: 9ddf68

send the rest of these guy's to the rune we need to grab our guy and the dead guy or this would have all been for not.

and as for Horus, why are you targeting us specifically? I mean what makes us stand out from the other players other then the fact that we're adorable little squids. Is it because we're cute, is that why you hate us, because we're too cute?
>>
No. 565550 ID: 549d6c
File 139422966538.png - (5.94KB , 900x450 , 79.png )
565550

>Temrock, how do you know Horus?
From wanted posters, mostly.
>Temrock, order everyone else to keep going to the ruins and complete the mission.
No, that would ruin my plan…
:TemrockRUST: You heard him men, mount up and head back to the city. Oh, and tell my wife I want something spicy for dinner… I’m in the mood for something hot.
:GuardRUST: Yes, commander.
:HorusRUST: Cute.

>Horus, what are your goals?
:HorusRUST: What is this? I told you to say your last words, not play twenty questions. Why would I ever answer your questions?
:TemrockRUST: Because you’re a smug asshole that has to gloat how utterly outmatched I am?
:HorusRUST: True… you are really outmatched… hmm… fine, a few questions then. I’m sure your friend will learn a lot from me. So, my goal? Why, Freedom for my people, that’s my goal.
>How does a Daemon even possess someone like you're doing with Horus?
:HorusRUST: Oh, I simply liberated this shell and am now using it like a puppet… you know, one of those things with strings…
:TemrockRUST: You ate him…
:HorusRUST: Well, if you want to be pessimistic about it.
>How'd you get him out of the ruins after the collapse?
:HorusRUST: Why, my pet Skrang dug me out… of course, I would have been grateful if it wasn’t for its constant digging that caused the cave-in in the first place.

>Would our pawn have made it out if we had told him to take the keystone and run?
:HorusRUST: Probably, I was stuck behind a wall after all and it took nearly a fifteen minutes for that stupid Skrang to dig me out.
>How did you know when and where to lay the trap with the keystone?
:HorusRUST: Funny you would ask, I didn’t. I was there simply there to get the key stone, then suddenly, look and behold, pawns to kill!
>Why were you helping Mor'Kay?
:HorusRUST: I’m not. Our plan simply interweaves until the end.
>Do you know what Mor'Kay is, even?
:HorusRUST: She’s a fool, that what she is. Her whole cause is pointless in the end and she will play no part in this story at all. Irrelevant, completely irrelevant.
>Were you the daemon imprisoned in the Marches?
:HorusRUST: Huh? Where did yo- no, there aren’t any daemons imprisoned anywhere. The seal are meant to keep our world locked away from yours, nothing more.
>What the hell is your endgame?
:HorusRUST: Let’s not ruin the surprise, shall we?
>What exactly did you do at Then’dranil?
:HorusRUST: As I said, surprise.
>After he's eaten everyone, how does he plan to survive?
:HorusRUST: I’m not going to eat you all. You’re like cattle, meant to be imprisoned and milked.

>Do you literally shit wraiths?
:HorusRUST: Of course not. Wraiths are souls of the death corrupted by my touch.
>Who's pawn was Aviris?
:HorusRUST: Mine, of course.
>How can you change the future if you've already seen it?
:HorusRUST: There is more than one future… and in most of them, I win.
>What killed the old gods?
:HorusRUST: I’m not entirely sure… they just… died one day… and then the dark times began… and then… the awakening. The time when we became… aware… sentient…
>What killed the new gods?
:HorusRUST: The “New gods” are just myth and legends. Nothing more. Now, I’m getting tired of answering your question. How about we-
*Twang!*
>>
No. 565551 ID: 549d6c
File 139422968456.png - (5.87KB , 900x450 , 80.png )
565551

:HorusRUST: …so you ordered your men to flank me and fill my back with crossbow bolts? Cute… real cute… but pointless. Either way, I like your style, so before I murder your men because of this pathetic attempt at trickery, I’ll give you… let’s say… three… no, four more questions.

>Do you know what we are?
:HorusRUST: No… Gods maybe? Or something far worse?
>why are you targeting us specifically?
:HorusRUST: Because you’re a threat.
>Is it because we're cute, is that why you hate us, because we're too cute?
:HorusRUST: …you are a bit… cute, I admit. But no, that would be stupid.
>You wouldn't happen to know who Bob and Steve are, would you?
:HorusRUST: I’m looking forward to the day when I’ll see them starved to the point of madness…
>Oh, by the way, Steve says hi.
:HorusRUST: Tell him to go fuck himself… him and his mortal wives.

>Lastly, you're a massive shitbrick for basically wanting to doom all the other daemons and screw over this world because you can't stand bland food. Fuck you.
:HorusRUST: …what? WHAT!? WHAT HAVE THOSE- Those… those lying sons of a- No! You got it all wrong! I’m the one fighting for all the daemons! They are the tyrants! The enslavers! …let me guess, He told you about the grape and bread, didn’t he? *Sigh* …it’s the other way around. Negative emotions are more filling while positive taste better. They enslave us, starve us, and force us to work while they gorge on all the positive emotions! I simply wish to feed my people. Feed them so they can regain their strength and fight back! FOR FREEDOM! FOR LI-
>>
No. 565552 ID: 549d6c
File 139422970021.png - (6.15KB , 900x450 , 81.png )
565552

*BOOM!*
:HorusRUST: shi- explosive arro-
>>
No. 565553 ID: 549d6c
File 139422970845.png - (5.71KB , 900x450 , 82.png )
565553

>summon Spear of Light!
*Slice!*
:HorusRUST: AAAH!!!
>>
No. 565554 ID: 549d6c
File 139422971762.png - (7.31KB , 900x450 , 83.png )
565554

[You’ve successfully slain a puppet controlled by “The Dark One”!]
…heh, I have to say, nice one… but it doesn’t matter… I’ll be back soon enough… and then you’ll burn… just like the rest of you slaver scum…

:GuardRUST: HOLY CRAP, DID WE JUST KILL A DAEMON!?
:TemrockRUST: A puppet of a daemon, yes…

Insert Temrock wins! Flawless victory!_
>>
No. 565555 ID: ae43f7

NICE ONE TEMROCK!
Unfortunately the Skrang is kind of coming and I dunno if it's time to run like mad or time to hold REALLY still and pray it doesn't eat you.
>>
No. 565556 ID: eb10ea

Yeah well you're still a shitbrick, so take your 'greater good' back to hell with you.

That Skrang is getting closer, everyone lie still and silent. As soon as he decides to fuck off, move to save our mercs.

'slaver scum' again? Is Blue working with the Dark One? Still, the fact that Steve lied is disconcerting. The whole mortal wives thing also does not bode well.
>>
No. 565558 ID: 9ddf68

a war within a war, heh glad to see things are working up to our normal levels of fucked.

anyways how long do we have to wait until the skrang leaves cause I would like to get to the ruin before our guy bleeds out. We lost on man already and I'll be damned if we lose another.
>>
No. 565559 ID: 88960e

>Better for who?
For those we're in a position to help. We're not naive idealists, and I know we can't help everyone, and that standards conflict. But we are in a position to do right where we can, which is all anyone can do.

Thanks for trusting us enough to see through that conflict.
>>
No. 565562 ID: d0e0a2

Temrock, if I had any doubt about claiming you it would have just evaporated. Good show! And lemme guess; What you were right about him was that he was a smug asshole, yes?

We still have a big problem. That undead skrang is inbound and I don't know whether it's still operating under it's master's last orders to hit your position or if it'll behave like a regular skrang now and head towards vibrations. You could try quickly asking the necromancer about that, but I don't think you have the time to.

I have a plan, but it hinges on your men still having explosive bolts. Order them to hold still. Tell the necromancer to start sensing for necromantic magics and point out the biggest concentration. Once he gets a fix on the skrang your men fire their bolts into the sand over its position. If it's not under orders it'll come up there. If it is still under orders then run and see if it follows you. If it still is then dive out of the way at the last second.

>>565556
I dunno if Blue and Eliros are working with the Dark One or not. Their strong hatred for slavers is similar but that could be coincidence. But what the Dark One said about Mor'Kay intrigues me. I think he's covering for something. We should make contact with her or Red soon.

If what the Dark One said about negative emotions is true, then even though he and his brethren are enslaved I don't think we can help them. To do so would harm so many in this world.
>>
No. 565563 ID: 549d6c
File 139423511757.png - (17.25KB , 900x450 , 84.png )
565563

>Lemme guess; What you were right about him was that he was a smug asshole, yes?
…well, that and him being vulnerable to convenient weapons.
>We're not naive idealists, and I know we can't help everyone, and that standards conflict.
Then you’re smarter than Red, at least.

>That Skrang is getting closer, everyone lie still and silent.
…it doesn’t seem to work, I can feel it coming right for us.
>I have a plan, but it hinges on your men still having explosive bolts. Order them to hold still. Tell the necromancer to start sensing for necromantic magics and point out the biggest concentration.
:UnknownKAK: Um… necromancy doesn’t work like that!
:GuardRUST: We got more explosive bolts on the raptors but…
:TemrockRUST: We don’t have time, then.
>If it is still under orders then dive out of the way at the last second.
:TemrockRUST: Well, I always wanted to kill one of these things…
>>
No. 565565 ID: 549d6c
File 139423652960.png - (6.47KB , 900x450 , Silly1.png )
565565

And now, it’s time for: The Annual Maid Competition!

:JerichoRUSTED: Why are we doing this again?
:ElizahRUST: Because it’s the Maid day, of course!
:JerichoRUSTED: Wasn’t that last week?
:ElizahRUST: Shush…

First, Let us introduce our judges for this year! We present to you, five lizard of royalty... First, we have the lizard that went from rags to riches, his highness, his grace, duke of West Ul’dan, Lord Jericho Drah’kon the second, knight of the Serath army, lover of the prince, the antipode sorcerer supreme, mage apprentice and judger of maid outfits!
:JerichoRUSTED: Is that really necessary?

Our second judge is the Prince of the Seraths, Eliraz Drah’kon!
:ElirazRUST: Sister, what have you gotten us into this time?
:JerichoRUSTED: …wait, why didn’t you get all those weird titles li-

Then we Durach, shaman of the wastes… technically royalty when Jericho gets married.
:DurachRUST: I don’t even know what I’m doing here…

And a warm welcome to the newcomer, Alex v-
:AlexUNB: Just Alexandra, alright?

And last, the founder of this event, Elizah Drah’kon, Heir to the throne of the Sera-
:ElizahRUST: Yeah, yeah, let’s get this thing started. I really need some cheering up after Byarla cheated on me… that pig… and whore…

And last… THE VOICES OF THE MANY! …which thanks to being like a dozen voices will probably decide who wins in the end, making the other judges pointless *Cough*…

And now, for our contestant: Ann-Sofie, the only lady here.
:AnnaUNB: The power of my boobs compels you to vote on me… and to give me candy!

Bradford the Savage!
:BradfordUNB: Why did you guys force me to set up my beard?
:ElizahRUST: Because it was blocking the view of your delicious chest, that’s why…

And lastly: Vladim-
:VladUNB: OH GODS, HOW DID YOU GUYS CONVINCE ME TO DO THIS!? …and why is most of us guys!?
:ElizahRUST: Because guys are cuter in maid outfits then girls~
:DurachRUST: I have to disagree with that…

Now, enough talk, it’s time to vote!

Insert …this is now officially “Fetish quest”… I feel dirty…_
>>
No. 565567 ID: 9b57d3

>>565563
Godspeed, Temrock.

>>565565
Yeah I'm gonna have to vote for Anna here. Vlad just can't pull it off like Kevros, and I don't think anyone is going to survive voting for Bradford.
>>
No. 565568 ID: dbe554

The shoes make it for Vladimir though, voting for the sexy pink tail!
>>
No. 565569 ID: 9b57d3

>>565562
Well at least we know one emotion is tasty and unfilling, while the other is filling but tasteless.

Let's look at the facts. Bob said that he eats people alive to feed off their pain, which would be nonsensical if pain were unfilling. It would make more sense to trap someone in an illusion where they constantly are presented with more possibilities to escape, generating bursts of hope.

The Dark One said, without being prompted, that Thaark's hope was delicious. Also keep in mind there's no reason for him to tell us he's being enslaved because he considers us to be slavers. There is no reason for him to lie. Bob, on the other hand, wants us to believe he is doing the right thing. So, I think Bob is lying.

HOWEVER, this doesn't mean we should try to free the daemons. If the Dark One is any indication, they're not going to play nice with mortals. We need to keep as few demons active as possible. Optimally, I'd like to figure out how to outright kill them all or lock them out of the universe like they were before our four godly friends got inexplicably knocked off. For now, though, we should keep Bob and Steve on our side, and keep them thinking we're on their side.
>>
No. 565570 ID: 9ddf68

>>565565
going to have to agree with Durach on this one, but just because out of the three of them I vote for Vlad because I want to see him have something good go for him after just losing his family AndBecauseIt'sFunnyToSeeHimSquirmCough

Also Because Anna wins by default for being the only girl and her good looks don't hurt things either so it's really just a match for runner up at this point.
>>
No. 565571 ID: 3f0c1b

Well that's a no-brainer, Bradford wins.
>>
No. 565572 ID: eb10ea

May god have mercy on us, for Bradford will not.
>>
No. 565580 ID: dbe554

Actually, I change my vote to bradford. The beard rocks it.
>>
No. 565582 ID: d0e0a2

While I'm all for uncovering Bradford's radiant manliness, a maid outfit is just wrong on him. Get him a pair of Saxton Hale short-shorts and a yeti to punch to death instead.

Elizah, you should clarify that lizard guys are the cutest in maid outfits; Prime eternal example being Kevros. That said, I'm voting for Anna. She's totally rocking that outfit, which is enough to edge ahead of Vlad even with his extra cuteness.

>>565572
And that's a vote for...?

>>565569
You got some of that wrong. Check >>564150. Bob said he needs to eat people to maintain a physical form in this world. Also, the emotion he prefers is fear, not pain. Pain is the Blood God's preferred emotion.

That said, I do agree locking the daemons out of this world would be for the best. That or finding a way to block the flow of mortal emotions to them. Or finding what killed the real gods or where they went and bringing them back to deal with the daemons.
>>
No. 565584 ID: 9b57d3

>>565582
Ok, it was the fear as they are slowly digested. Along with the actual digestion. Actually lemme just go to questdis for other stuff.
>>
No. 565592 ID: e607cd

Ann-Sofie wins on the basis of being the only maid who looks happy and ready to do maid stuff. That is important for a maid.
>>
No. 565595 ID: 4a75fa

>five lizard of royalty
Oh hey, thanks for spoiling Alex's backstory.

Oh, and Vlad, by the way. We kind of have a thing for lizard guys in maid outfits that goes back a few thousand years. Epocs. Nothing personal, beardchest or perkytits.
>>
No. 565598 ID: 9b57d3

>>565595
I thought it was fairly obvious, myself.
>>
No. 565618 ID: 549d6c
File 139428865008.png - (6.63KB , 900x450 , Silly2.png )
565618

And it seems like our judges has made their decisions… so let’s hear it! Who do you vote for?

:ElizahRUST: Bradford, of course! I mean, just look at those muscles and his broad chest. Just seeing his firm butt in that cute little getup makes me want to get some of my toys, bend him over and just pound that cu- Hey! Stop staring at me like that! It’s… it’s kind of scary… geez… if looks would kill…

:AlexUNB: I, on the other hand, vote for Vlad. Just look how cute he is!~ And the pink ribbon on the tail really sells it!

:DurachRUST: Anna, because boobs. I like boobs. There, happy?

:ElirazRUST: Hmm… Bradford or Vlad… Vlad is cute but… you can probably cut meat on the six-pack Brad is sporting.
:BradfordUNB: I don’t even have a six-pack.
:ElirazRUST: …you don’t? But you’re so… muscular?
:BradfordUNB: It’s called stout strength. I’m a fighter, not a body builder.
:ElirazRUST: Err… I don’t know, I wouldn’t actually call you stout but… right, I vote for Vlad. Cuteness wins.

:JerichoRUSTED: Um… who wants to give me a hug?
:AnnaUNB: I will!
:JerichoRUSTED: Then I vote for the girl.

Our current score is… Anna: 2, Brad: 1 and Vlad: 2… now, let’s count the votes coming from the ones at home watching this!

>Yeah I'm gonna have to vote for Anna here.
>I'm voting for Anna. She's totally rocking that outfit.
>Ann-Sofie wins on the basis of being the only maid who looks happy and ready to do maid stuff.
That’s three more votes for Anna!
>Well that's a no-brainer, Bradford wins.
>Actually, I change my vote to bradford. The beard rocks it.
And two for Brad…
>I vote for Vlad.
>Vlad, by the way. We kind of have a thing for lizard guys in maid outfits that goes back a few thousand years.
And another two for Vlad!

Our final score is thus… Winner: Anna with 5 points! Runner up: Vlad with 4 points! And in last place… Brad with only 3 points!

And here comes our prizes… For the runner up… Congratulations, Vladimir, you’ll receive a free Maid uniform of your very own with matching panties!
:VladUNB: Um… thanks?
:AnnaUNB: Oh, you just have to try it on as soon as possible!
:VladUNB: But… I’m already wearing it!
:AnnaUNB: No buts! If it means I’ll see your cute butt in panties and a miniskirt a while longer then you’ll try it on again!

And the loser, Bradford, receives the fabulous price of… Having to clean the white space while wearing his maid uniform!
:ElizahRUST: OH! So you mean I get to see him wiggle around in that!? Sweet! Now, Brad, remember to make sure you really bend over when you-
:BradfordUNB: I want to object! The judges were clearly biased to vote for females and lizards!
:ElizahRUST: Oh, hush. Stop being a sore loser and start showing off that firm butt of yours.
:ElirazRUST: What’s up with you two and butts, anyway?
:AnnaUNB: ALL THE BUTTS!

And lastly, the winner, Anna… she will move on into the next bracket of the competition which will be decided next week… so, turn in the same time next week for the thrilling conclusion of th-
:AnnaUNB: Um… we three were the only ones who signed up in this competition.

…you where? Well… then you win by default, I guess…
:AnnaUNB: Yay! So what do I win?

Err… balls! I haven’t prepared a prize yet and-
:AnnaUNB: What!? I don’t get anything!? What a rip off! I’ll sue your ass if I don’t get anything!
:ElizahRUST: Here, I have the number to a great lawyer, Anna.

No! Wait! I got… I was just kidding… err… I got your prize… right… here? …somewhere?
(Help me out, guys!)

Insert And the prize is…. My dick in a box_
>>
No. 565619 ID: dbe554

She gets three requests off the magical computer to grant her wishes.
>>
No. 565621 ID: eb10ea

One free 'nobody could have survived that' death escape/reversal coupon, redeemable anytime! Perfect for last-minute dramatic entrances and cavalry charges!
>>
No. 565627 ID: 4a75fa

She gets one "get out of ridiculous plot death free" coupon.
>>
No. 565630 ID: 37aa84

Her prize is that she gets a free mansion in the White Space for one day. This mansion comes with free maid service for the day, also the maids from the service are made up of the judges who are not disembodied voices.
>>
No. 565632 ID: 9ddf68

uh, well first off you will be given a camera so you can take picture's of brad and Vlad so you can always see them in maid uniforms whenever you want, also not copyrighted so you can sell them if you please. Next, you can also keep the maid uniform. Lastly you can... uh, go on a romantic date with anyone from the cast and they have to wear a maid's outfit.
>>
No. 565638 ID: 0ef19f

>>565630
This sounds perfect!
>>
No. 565639 ID: 549d6c
File 139430161501.png - (6.68KB , 900x450 , Silly3.png )
565639

>She gets three requests off the magical computer to grant her wishes.
That’s a bit… dangerous, you know. I mean, if she changed her past she’ll never have become a part of the gang, thus never being able to make the wish and suddenly the universe is collapsing!
:AnnaUNB: Actually, I was going to wish for a pool filled with candy… and a bunch of hunky men taking care of me while dressed in maid uniforms…
:DurachRUST: …isn’t that a bit of a waste of wi-
:AnnaUNB: Of course I would wish to change the past! Losing my family is way more important than some pool filled with candy!

>She gets one "get out of ridiculous plot death free" coupon.
This is not cannon, meaning that that coupon would be useless… Besides, it’s Alex who’s going to get a spear plunged through her from behind…
:AlexUNB: What was that?

Nothing!

>Her prize is that she gets a free mansion in the White Space for one day.
Hmm… now that, that I can do.
>This mansion comes with free maid service for the day, also the maids from the service are made up of the judges who are not disembodied voices.
:ElizahRUST: What!? Why would you guys punish us!?
:ElirazRUST: I didn’t even want to be a judge!
:JerichoRUSTED: …hmm… those maid outfits does look comfy though…
:DurachRUST: Don’t make us go on strike again, author.

No, you guys are right… that wouldn’t be fair… wait… we already have a maid, don’t we? Congratulations Brad, you’re now Anna’s maid for the day!
:AnnaUNB: Oh! A big hunky man in a sexy costume just for me? Awesome!
:ElizahRUST: I hope your mother taught you how to share.
:AnnaUNB: Of course! Everyone who wants to ogle that firm butt dressed in panties is welcome to come! I’ll buy you all a drink!
>You will be given a camera so you can take pictures of brad in maid uniform.
:AnnaUNB: Pictures? Why not a video tape?
>Go on a romantic date with anyone from the cast and they have to wear a maid's outfit.
:AnnaUNB: Pff, who needs a romantic date when I got a hunk of a ma-

>May god have mercy on us, for Bradford will not.
:BradfordUNB: Alright, that’s it… somebody dies. Author; come here so I can split you head in half for all this!
:ElizahRUST: Wait! Don’t kill him! Don’t you remember what happened last time we killed him!?
:ElirazRUST: …wait, isn’t he supposed to still be a zombie after all that?
:JerichoRUSTED: Oh gods, not this again! Just forget about that plot hole, alright!?
:DurachRUST: Speaking of plot holes… weren’t we consumed by one la-
:JerichoRUSTED: No! Shut u- dammit, too late!
>>
No. 565640 ID: 549d6c
File 139430162951.png - (5.64KB , 900x450 , Silly4.png )
565640

Giant plot hole has spawned!

:ElizahRUST: My only regret is that I didn’t have time to plow Brad’s ass with a strapon!
:ElirazRUST: My only regret is that I didn’t plow Jer’s butt…
:JerichoRUSTED: What!?
:DurachRUST: My only regret is that I’m dying…
:BradfordUNB: Vengeance is mine! HAHAH-

Giant plot hole successfully consumed the cast!
>>
No. 565641 ID: 549d6c
File 139430165247.png - (14.73KB , 300x150 , What is this, a picture for ants.png )
565641

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password