[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 545674)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 41599 unique user posts. View catalog

File 138299306331.png - (46.51KB , 2700x1458 , 1.png )
545674 No. 545674 ID: b3ca75

As the daemon horde march for the city of the heavens,
As the godless runs and hide in the shadows,
The very skies will cry light and darkness,
Bringing either life or destruction,
Only the one of two worlds,
The one wielding both heaven and hell can guide it.
Expand all images
>>
No. 545675 ID: b3ca75
File 138299310689.png - (8.50KB , 900x450 , 2.png )
545675

Please choose a gender and species combination:

Human – Are actually a sentient fungal colony, but don’t tell anyone! They’ll just think you’re crazy!
Lizard – Now with 40% more tail action, only here on Quest.
Mantis – [Note to self: Write something that tries to be witty here, but fails miserably.]
>>
No. 545676 ID: a82ca9

We've been female of all the races. Lets have our first male character. As a lizard, since they were our first race.
Male lizard. Or dwarfs if they're available.
>>
No. 545677 ID: d9bed9

Male mantis seems the thing to be in this adventure.

Yes.
>>
No. 545678 ID: d2b9fe

Female Lizard.

...wonder if we can manage to create a character who isn't a sex crazed perv this time around.
>>
No. 545685 ID: cad45e

Can we have a skeleton this time based pixel quest?
>>
No. 545689 ID: 020db6

Male Lizard.
>>
No. 545690 ID: 5869f6

Male Lizard
>>
No. 545694 ID: 0e257e

Female mantis
>>
No. 545696 ID: 9ddf68

damn we should have picked a dwarf in the first quest, if only we know they were a one time deal, if only we know...

male Mantis
>>
No. 545697 ID: 67e689

Male mantis seems good
>>
No. 545698 ID: 9fc08f

Male dwarf.
>>
No. 545700 ID: 605d8c

Male lizard, or mantis.

We were human last time, and female every other time, BREAK THE CYCLE.
>>
No. 545701 ID: 152ac2

Male lizar
>>
No. 545703 ID: c23ab0

Undead animated Skeleton!
>>
No. 545708 ID: 246b94

Male Lizard
>>
No. 545712 ID: cad45e

>>545696
You know what, fuck it were going against the system here.

Male dwarf

I am the best rebel
>>
No. 545713 ID: cad45e

>>545700
If we would really go against the system we should probably be more imaginative, i mean lizards and tgchans favorite-pushed-in race is fine and all but we truelly have to actually enjoy our choice here, not pick what we want to fuel our sick fetishes.

I say hermaphrodite lizard. That or dwarf, a gender of itself.
>>
No. 545715 ID: b3ca75
File 138300629840.png - (3.73KB , 900x450 , 3.png )
545715

>Male dwarf.
The dwarven species went extinct from a very aggressive beard fungus thousands of years ago. You are unable to play as an extinct race.
>Undead animated Skeleton!
Please insert code.
>Randomly mash the oft un-used buttons (L, R, Select) to see if we can stumble across the player skeletons Easter egg.
Code accepted.

You have chosen Male Lizard.

Choose your clothi- ha, just kidding. You’re a poor, filthy nomad. You can’t afford anything more than some disgusting rags… and not even the high quality rags! Instead of choosing his clothes, please give a name to this smelly hobo nomad… geez, I’m not kidding! This guy reeks! Name him quickly before I lose my lunch!

Easter egg found! Do you wish to play as an Undead Lizard? Yes / no? (For real this time).
>>
No. 545716 ID: 605d8c

>>545715

Yes.
>>
No. 545717 ID: 9fc08f

>>545715
Hey, if we can play as undead, that means we're not limited to living races, right?

Undead dwarf.
>>
No. 545718 ID: d2b9fe

>name
Sergei

>Can't choose clothes
We can dye our clothes with our own blood if we so wish!

>Do you wish to play as an Undead Lizard?
...what kind of undead? Not a lich, right, we're going for originality.

But yes.
>>
No. 545720 ID: 9dba7d

no to undead
>>
No. 545721 ID: 7bbaae

>>545715
A zombie or ghoul lizard sounds interesting. Nothing crippling, just a hankering for sentient flesh and some necessary upkeep to continue blending in with society.
>>
No. 545722 ID: cad45e

>>545715
Well i guess a undead lizard is the next best thing we could get.

Oh well, farewell dream of beards, may we never look at that same male characters ass with a beard on our face.
>>
No. 545723 ID: c23ab0

His stench is unholy.... THIS MEANS I GOT MY WISH

yaaaay undead miasma gooooo
>>
No. 545724 ID: a82ca9

>>545715
Can our clothes be a dress? You can hide more knives in a dress.

Also, his name is Antonio.
>>
No. 545725 ID: 9ddf68

undead?... sure why not
as for a name... Zack?
>>
No. 545726 ID: 5869f6

Yes.

His name is Jericho.
Nice ring to it.
>>
No. 545727 ID: cad45e

>>545715
I guess mort is a pretty hobo name.

It fits since we may possibly be dead, or quasidead depending on how far the metaphysics go.
>>
No. 545729 ID: 605d8c

Yeah, I like Jericho, seems to fit both the wanderer aspect and the undead aspect just fine.
>>
No. 545731 ID: f15532

yeah undead
>>
No. 545766 ID: d315b1

>>545717
We have to do this, if only to complete the set.
>>
No. 545772 ID: cad45e

Olof/ragnar/urist if we go dorf mode.

We must be the most generic dead dwarf ever.
>>
No. 545782 ID: b3ca75
File 138305869311.png - (19.17KB , 900x450 , 4.png )
545782

>Undead dwarf.
All remains from the dwarfs have completely decomposed long ago… and besides, there never been any dwarfs on this planet… nor do the guys who built al- err… I mean… ignore that… it isn’t important.

>Undead?... sure why not.
You will become undead at a later date.
>...what kind of undead? Not a lich, right, we're going for originality.
That choice comes later.

>His name is Jericho.
:JerichoRUST: AAAHH- off!!
:UnknownKAK: Are you alright down there, Jericho?
:JerichoRUST: Ugh… I’m not in mortal danger or anything if that’s what you’re asking… I still need so-
:UnknownKAK: Good, because we… um… we got a bit of a situation up here. Just hang on tight down there for a minute.
:UnknownKAK: It’s eating her! …and then it’s going to eat me… OH MY GOOOOOOD!!!
:JerichoRUST: What’s going on up there? …hello? …anyone?

Current inventory: Low quality rags (They smell), Rusty knife, Rusty spear (kind of), Murky water, glow stone, Ruined Locket (Mcguffin).

Insert New Game_
>>
No. 545783 ID: d2b9fe

>You will become undead at a later date.
...whoops. We just prematurely voted to get ourselves killed. Well played, Kaktus.

>what do
Turn yourself around- climb up enough that you can hold onto the rope with one hand, while you cut your foot free with your knife in the other. That way you (probably) won't fall and break your neck when you free yourself (or you still will, but you'll become a zombie, so whatever).

Once free, recover spear, and then check out the writing between those statues in the alcove to the right.
>>
No. 545785 ID: 001618

zzzzz snrk wha... oh someone new (Yawn) alright let me fill you in on what more then likely is going to happen. You're going to be involved in something that will change the world as you know it but you're probably not going to believe me anyways so lets just skip to the bullet points. You're probably going to go through hell (maybe literally), you're more then likely going to come across beings that are almost older then the dirt you walk upon, and will probably be involved in an orgy or two.

Now let see what we got to work wit HOLY CRAP YOU'RE A GUY?! Huh that's a first. Well you got a knife so you should probably free yourself from the rope. Also what are you doing down here?
>>
No. 545786 ID: 7cac4b

>>545782
Jericho, if you care about the people on the surface, curl yourself up and climb up the rope. They need your help. If you don't, untie the rope, recover your spear, and use the light from above to investigate this area.
>>
No. 545787 ID: a82ca9

Oooo, theres strange glowing letters down the tunnel! Go investigate!
>>
No. 545788 ID: d315b1

>>545782
Untie yourself, grab your spear, and get your ass back up that rope.
>>
No. 545790 ID: b3ca75
File 138307045378.png - (22.31KB , 900x450 , 5.png )
545790

>You're going to be involved in something that will change the world as you know it.
Huh?
>you're probably not going to believe me anyways.
Of course I’m not going to believe you… you’re me… and I know that I’ve got some lively imagination.
>HOLY CRAP YOU'RE A GUY?!
…err… last time I checked… did I hit my head when I fell down here?
>what are you doing down here?
I don’t really know. One of the shamans from another tribe had some kind of vision and… well… Let’s just say I was one of the few who drew the short straw, alright?

>Turn yourself around- climb up enough that you can hold onto the rope with one hand, while you cut your foot free with your knife in the other.
And I’m free! Without breaking anything! Cleary, a feat to marvel at!
>Jericho, if you care about the people on the surface, climb up the rope.
Well, I probably need them to survive… but whatever up there might be hazardous to my health… hmmm…
>Use the light from above to investigate this area.
I’m going to need some more light… one second… there.

Insert Use the lute to charm the rope_
>>
No. 545792 ID: 7bbaae

>>545790
Is that magic I see? What kind of spells do you have?

Be careful, those "statues" up ahead are probably going to come to life and attack you. Say, is that blood on these weapons, or rust?

Oh and there's a pressure plate a few feet ahead that triggers spears or something to drop down from above.
>>
No. 545793 ID: d2b9fe

Oh hey, glow-crystal. Nice.

...you might have a problem getting out of here. Your rope just fell down behind you.

Try calling up to your companions, see if they're okay. You can also try going over to investigate the writing by the statues.
>>
No. 545796 ID: 001618

well there seems to be a trap about 3 feet in front of you so watch out for that. Also someone or something just cut the rope behind you so you might as well take the rope with you as it could come in handy later down the line.

Oh and before I forget, what are you looking for down here anyways?
>>
No. 545797 ID: 5869f6

>>545790
Good, you have light. Don't drop it.
Stay vigilant, traps can be round every corner.
>>
No. 545800 ID: c23ab0

Awesome! Now you're at the bottom of an unclimbable pit with no rope out and your only companions are dead. But wait there's a corridor over oh no never mind it's just a dead end. Just like you. A dead end. Get it? ;D
>>
No. 545803 ID: b3ca75
File 138307823249.png - (23.54KB , 900x450 , 7.png )
545803

>what are you looking for down here anyways?
I… don’t actually know exactly. There’s supposed to be some kind of artifact in these god created ruins that will help us… somehow… um… I think it was against the slavers? …or maybe it was the water problem?
>Is that magic I see? What kind of spells do you have?
Magic? Spells? What? No! It’s simply a glowing rock! I traded my best spear for this thing.
>Say, is that blood on these weapons, or rust?
It’s rust… it’s always rust…

>Your rope just fell down behind you.
Oh son of a- how am I supposed to get out now!?
[You receive a few feet of rope!]
>Try calling up to your companions, see if they're okay.
:JerichoRUST: Are you alright up there!?
:UnknownKAK: Well, mostly… A hungry Skrang wanted to say hello and… um… it ate two of our mounts… and Horac is hurt. Just hang on a sec, we’re on our way down.

>there seems to be a trap about 3 feet in front of you so watch out for that.
And it seems the spear trap is broken thanks to rust. I guess even the gods creations will rust in the end.
>Try going over to investigate the writing by the statues.
It says: “You’re doing great, son, you’re making us proud! Now come home so we can give you a hug. –Love, Mom and Dad” …at least, that what I want it to say… If you want to know what’s actually written here please ask someone who can actually read. Wait… that’s odd… The two colored symbols can be pressed. If only I knew what they said…

Insert Parental abandonment, ho!_
>>
No. 545804 ID: d2b9fe

>If you want to know what’s actually written here please ask someone who can actually read.
Ask your buds. Can of them read?

...actually, each line is the same thing written over and over. It just keeps getting mirrored or flipped.

>buttons
Push 'em both. At the same time.
>>
No. 545806 ID: 53ba34

have someone try and read it, if they can't then sure push both.
>>
No. 545807 ID: c23ab0

>>545803

Wait, maybe you don't need to read. There is some mirror symmetry going on with those lines. Second line is flipped third line is upside down, fourth is flipped and upside down, fifth is back to the first. What does that tell you?

...Roskits?
>>
No. 545809 ID: b3ca75
File 138308053656.png - (23.00KB , 900x450 , 6.png )
545809

>Push 'em both. At the same time.
I rather not die horribly by pushing random buttons in a trap infested ruin.
>...actually, each line is the same thing written over and over. It just keeps getting mirrored or flipped. What does that tell you?
That whoever designed this language is either stupid or lazy. Probably both.

>Ask your buds. Can of them read?
:JerichoRUST: Old man? Can you read this?
:HorusRUST: Take it easy, young one… let me just… yes… it reads... “As the daemon horde march for the city-
:AdilRUST: So it’s the prophecy the shaman predicted?
:MariRUST: Well, at least this proves that he really did get a vision from the gods.
:HorusRUST: It seems someone marked the words “life” and “Destruction”… hmm… and they seems to be buttons too…
:AdilRUST: Then push the life button, duh!
:MariRUST: I don’t know…
:HorusRUST: There’s something more… “Red takes, blue sows, only the purple passes”.

Insert Kill the box!_
>>
No. 545810 ID: 7bbaae

>>545809
Only the purple passes? The answer is, in fact, to press both.
>>
No. 545812 ID: d2b9fe

>Bringing either life or destruction
>Red takes, blue sows
Takes life, sows destruction. Bad choices.

>only the purple passes
Red + blue = purple. Told ya to push 'em both.
>>
No. 545813 ID: c23ab0

Don't press both at once! The ancient legends about that which passes refer to powerful laxatives!
>>
No. 545814 ID: 9ddf68

push both buttons at once... with the tips of your spears incase the gods have a sick since of humor.
>>
No. 545819 ID: b3ca75
File 138308340553.png - (23.42KB , 900x450 , 8.png )
545819

>The ancient legends about that which passes refer to powerful laxatives!
…so what? If I press purple button I’ll take a dump? That doesn’t really… sound likely.
>Red + blue = purple. Told ya to push 'em both... with the tips of your spears.
:JerichoRUST: Ready? On three…
:AdilRUST: 3… 2… 1…

:MariRUST: That didn’t work… only thing you achieved was tripping both of the traps.

Insert Double the traps, double the fun!_
>>
No. 545820 ID: 9ddf68

no I think it worked just fine Gods have a sick since of humor after all. purple would have helped you pass, straight into the afterlife. Just to be safe see if you can't find a purple button somewhere.
>>
No. 545823 ID: 7bbaae

Oh. Push the symbol between the two symbols.

Or, wait... those two spears on the left are purple. Maybe you can do something with them, if the middle symbol isn't pushable... like push the symbol they're pointing to.
>>
No. 545825 ID: 8a0888

Can you dismantle or destroy the traps in any way? Or perhaps creep on through the middle?
>>
No. 545831 ID: b3ca75
File 138308678113.png - (25.50KB , 900x450 , 9.png )
545831

>Can you dismantle or destroy the traps in any way?
Time and rust have made them extremely fragile. I can easily break them with a good kick.
>those two spears on the left are purple. Maybe you can do something with them... like push the symbol they're pointing to.
:HorusRUST: You managed to open the way deeper into the complex! Good show!
:MariRUST: Why, you’re as clever as you’re beautiful, cutie.
:JerichoRUST: Err… yes…
:AdilRUST: Be careful, I can see a light father down the corridor.



:JerichoRUST: Slavers!? Here!? How did they-
:HorusRUST: They must have dug their way through the roof.
:AdilRUST: Are they all dead?
:MariRUST: Err… what killed them?
:HorusRUST: Hmm… something is written here… “The key is hidden in the sky’s eye, the eye which cries the most.” and “Respect the dead, or you will join them.”.

Insert I see you_
>>
No. 545832 ID: 7bbaae

>>545831
So, how long have you had voices in your head?

Don't touch the slaver bodies, but see if you can tell how they were killed. I wonder if putting the slab back on the coffin on the right would be respectful?

That middle eye has something wrong with it. Maybe you can give it a tap. If you need a boost, get on someone else's shoulders instead of standing on a coffin.
>>
No. 545833 ID: 9ddf68

the right most coffin is open... don't touch the coffins. Also the middle eye looks broken so I suggest taking a look at it. Also when you look up do you see anything?
>>
No. 545834 ID: d2b9fe

>The key is hidden in the sky’s eye
...the eye under the skylight, maybe? There seems to be something in it.
>>
No. 545835 ID: 53ba34

blow sand in the eyes.
>>
No. 545836 ID: d315b1

The slavers probably thought the same thing we did. Let's be careful here.
>>
No. 545857 ID: cad45e

>>545831
So Jerichio (God we got the douchiest name), have you ever thought about growing facial hair and becoming say... a foot or two shorter? Maybe loose the tail and start an unnatural drinking habit?

I think it would fit you, you should start right now in fact.
>>
No. 545858 ID: d315b1

>>545857
Let's not do this.
>>
No. 545953 ID: b3ca75
File 138314147455.png - (26.25KB , 900x450 , 10.png )
545953

>So, how long have you had voices in your head?
Since… um… forever, I guess? I mean, you’re my oldest friend… at least, that’s still alive.
>have you ever thought about growing facial hair and becoming say... a foot or two shorter?
…I’m a lizard, I don’t even have hair! And the only way I should get shorter is by shopping of my legs…
>start an unnatural drinking habit?
…to late, already got one… err… actually, I don’t know about unnatural… but it is a drinking habit… you know, “trying to drown my sorrows, ho!” and stuff…

>Don't touch the slaver bodies, but see if you can tell how they were killed.
I can’t see any wounds on the first two… but they have been bleeding… so maybe they got attacked from the back? As for the one in the coffin… err… let’s just say nothing should bend like that… at all…
:MariRUST: There’s no way a trap should have done this!
:AdilRUST: Maybe they turned on each other out of greed?
:HorusRUST: Hmm, no… they wouldn’t place the bodies like this if they did turn on each other… hmmm… I’ve read legends about how the ancients created undead guardians to watch over their tombs. Maybe the slavers disturbance awakened one of them?
:JerichoRUST: Great… so we got an ancient magical corpse hunting us…
:HorusRUST: Don’t fret, young one, as long as we don’t disturb the dead we should be fine… hopefully.

>When you look up do you see anything?
A hole in the roof leading to a cave tunnel… probably a slaver mine. That’s how they found this place.
:AdilRUST: We should go up there and kill us some of those godless heathens. We should always use some more weapons and fabrics.
:JerichoRUST: Where do you think whatever killed these people are right now, Adil?
:AdilRUST: Err… probably up there… yeah, right, let’s forget about exploring the mine, then.

>That middle eye has something wrong with it. Maybe you can give it a tap.
:MariRUST: Why do I have to climb up here!?
:AdilRUST: Because you’re the most agile of us, Mari. Now check the eye.
:MariRUST: The shell around the eye is broken, revealing the stone underneath… nothing special… oh wait, there’s a small hole on the top of the eye… with one of those iron nets in it.
>Blow sand in the eyes.
:MariRUST: I don’t know what you thought this would achieve… it’s just a statue…

Insert Dirty fighting_
>>
No. 545958 ID: 3bc411

what do you mean by iron net, like something that shoots out and wraps up anyone who disturbed that eye or something else... also since you're up there could you maybe check the other eyes as well to see if you can find anything on them.
>>
No. 545960 ID: d2b9fe

Okay... so if the skylight is the slaves digging through the roof, that means it's not part of the initial design, and not a clue as to which eye is the sky-eye with the key.

And aside from that crack, all three eyes and their tears are pixel-identical. None of them cry the most.

...maybe it's the one of the right? The bug was crushed into the coffin under the 'weight' of more tears?
>>
No. 545965 ID: d315b1

>>545960
You're right. Look at that blood spatter behind the mantis.
>>
No. 545968 ID: 7bbaae

There could be additional teardrops behind the coffins. Also, try feeling the teardrops to see if some are thicker than others or something like that.
>>
No. 545978 ID: b3ca75
File 138316337721.png - (26.26KB , 900x450 , 11.png )
545978

>...maybe it's the one of the right? The bug was crushed into the coffin under the 'weight' of more tears?
He doesn’t seem crushed. More like torn apart…
>There could be additional teardrops behind the coffins.
Nope, the walls are empty back there.
>Try feeling the teardrops to see if some are thicker than others or something like that.
They all seem to be the same material. Of course, I’m no expert on shaped rocks so…

>what do you mean by iron net?
:MariRUST: You know, one of those nets you use to separate muck and water…
:AdilRUST: You mean a dirt catcher?
:HorusRUST: I’m pretty sure she means a grate. So they got holes with grates on top of them… are they meant to catch some kind of liquid from the celling or…?
:AdilRUST: What in the seven hells is a grate? It’s called a dirt catcher!
>since you're up there could you maybe check the other eyes as well to see if you can find anything on them.
:MariRUST: Just more holes… with dirt catchers inside them… and dust… lots of dust…

Insert Ashes to ashes, dust to more dust… Seriously, clean your room, dude_
>>
No. 545979 ID: 9ddf68

so what do we have to pour water into them or something? cause I'm starting to think that the eye that cries the most points to the coffin that doesn't have a horrible undead monster of death and will let us pass on. And seeing how the dead bug has kindly shown one of the wrong choices we've got a 50/50 shoot... assuming I'm right anyways.
>>
No. 545980 ID: c23ab0

>>545979

And waste water??

No, clearly the solution is to pee in them.
>>
No. 545985 ID: d2b9fe

So each eye has pipe with a grate or filter behind it?

Which would allow the most water through? That would be the the eye that 'cries' the most.

Any sign that water has come out of those holes and run down the wall, before?
>>
No. 545989 ID: 7bbaae

>>545978
On the top of the eye? So you could pour something in it? Do so to all three, and find out which one lets the most through. Sadly, you will have to spend water to do this.
>>
No. 545999 ID: b3ca75
File 138317131177.png - (27.23KB , 900x450 , 12.png )
545999

>No, clearly the solution is to pee in them.
…the only one who can get up there is Mari and I don’t think she wants to take a piss while we watch… besides, I’m not really into that stuff, anyway…

>Which would allow the most water through?
:MariRUST: They all look the same size…
>So what do we have to pour water into them or something?
:JerichoRUST: Can you pour some water into them?
:AdilRUST: What!? And waste water!?
:JerichoRUST: We don’t have any other liquid with us… unless you want to take a piss while we watch…
:MariRUST: Cutie, just hand over your own water. That way, if this fails, you’re the only one who suffers for it.
:HorusRUST: Here, take some of mine. My old bones doesn’t need as much as you younglings do.



:MariRUST: Nothing happened when I poured it in the middle one…
:JerichoRUST: Try the one on the left.
:MariRUST: A complete waste of water, if yo-
:AdilRUST: Something’s happening! The eye is moving!
:HorusRUST: Praise the gods! The key stone! Splendid!
:JerichoRUST: The what stone?
:UnknownKAK: Arch’ne? Ner’get than laz’nran ka’ranza! KA’RANZA!!
:AdilRUST: …that didn’t sound like a slaver…
:MariRUST: …doesn’t smell like one either… it smells like… death?
:UnknownKAK: KA’RANZA!!!

Insert May I make a suggestion?_
>>
No. 546000 ID: 53ba34

defensive line. be ready for anything. go for the head if it's undead.
>>
No. 546002 ID: 1c0e82

gtfo of there
>>
No. 546003 ID: 9ddf68

well there's a shadow in the skylight so I guess whatever killed the slavers just came back... Grab what you need and RUN YOU BASTARDS, RUN!!!!
>>
No. 546007 ID: b3ca75
File 138317544273.png - (16.62KB , 900x450 , 13.png )
546007

>Defensive line!
:JerichoRUST: Alright, w-
:AdilRUST: Run away!
:MariRUST: Right behind you!
:HorusRUST: I’m too old for this shit…
:JerichoRUST: …right, running like a coward it is... a living, breathing coward…

>RUN YOU BASTARDS, RUN!!!!
:MariRUST: Cut the rope! CUT THE ROPE! It’s right behind me!!
:AkenaRUST: What!? Who is behind you!? What’s happening?
:UnknownKAK: KA’RANZA!!!

Insert Whatever you do, do not look back_
>>
No. 546009 ID: d315b1

>>546007
Cut the rope, then figure out what the fuck is casting that shadow.
>>
No. 546015 ID: d2b9fe

Grab Mari and start helping her up as Adil cuts the rope. No time to let her finish climbing up the rope- there's an undead guardian monster on the line.
>>
No. 546020 ID: dbe554

SLICE AND DICE
>>
No. 546022 ID: c23ab0

Like death huh? I bet if you were dead you wouldn't have to worry about water. Why not try that?
>>
No. 546035 ID: b3ca75
File 138318462417.png - (19.20KB , 900x450 , 14.png )
546035

>I bet if you were dead you wouldn't have to worry about water. Why not try that?
What!? But… I kind of want to… you know, live… and last time I checked those two things was mutually exclusive. Unless you mean with the help of those godless slavers “holy” magic… I rather not disturb any corpses… especially not my own, okay?
>what the fuck is casting that shadow.
It’s just a cliff…

>Grab Mari and start helping her up as Adil cuts the rope.
:JerichoRUST: Cut the rope, Adil, I got Mari!
:MariRUST: My hero!
:AdilRUST: Err… it’s not using the rope… it’s just… kind of climbing the wall… here it comes!
>SLICE AND DICE!
>go for the head if it's undead.
:JerichoRUST: ATTA- oh crap! It didn’t even react to my spear!
:AdilRUST: We’re doomed, man, doomed!
:AkenaRUST: Don’t just stand there! CHARGE!
:UnknownKAK: KA’RANZA!!! LAZ’NRAN KA’RANZA!!!

Insert The mummies return_
>>
No. 546040 ID: a5188f

Hrrrm. Big bladed hands, quite the danger in melee.
Slavers have quote on quote 'holy' magic that lets them make corpses live?
Uhh, there are blades flying at you, and guys in the background. I hope those are friendlies and not what I can only describe as holy necromancer slavers coming for you and yours.
The mantis seems to be holding swords in his claws-With his innate reach and armor, he's probably the most suited to fighting the mummy.
Back off, and let him deal with this.
As far as the swords, take a few steps backwards, then duck. Trust us on this, because otherwise you die.
>>
No. 546041 ID: 7cac4b

Being old, dried-out things covered in fabric means that most mummies are rather vulnerable to fire. Light the bugger up and fight defensively with your spears, holding it back and retreating until it dies. By "holding it back" I mean insert spear, find ribcage, and push hard. This might not work if it's supernaturally strong, which--given the nature of it's vertical ascent--is possible. If so, light it on fire and run like the dickens.
>>
No. 546042 ID: d2b9fe

...what is that? It doesn't look like any kind of undead, or even a robot. It's... just a mass of sand with metal claws sticking out of it? The spear went right through.

Anyways, try hitting it in the glowing blue crystal. Maybe that's the power source.

(Or maybe this is an unavoidable party wipe and how you end up undead).
>>
No. 546043 ID: 020db6

>>546035
I don't know what that shiny blue thing is, but I suggest you take or destroy it. Watch for flying (and not rusty?) swords.
>>
No. 546044 ID: 7bbaae

Argh no that was a rookie mistake! The center of magic is in the torso of undead. Kill the torso to take down undead.

Also you've got more company- approaching figures on a distant sand dune.
>>
No. 546063 ID: 9ddf68

I see a glowing sword in it's gut and there are swords flying towards you and people are now visible over the dunes. Grab the glowing sword if you can otherwise just dodge whatever is thrown at you and if you can't beat this thing and those guys in the background are hostile then just go for the undead thing's leg to slow it down so you guys can outrun it and let whoever is coming up on you deal with this thing.

Also any idea what KA’RANZA means because this thing will not stop saying it.
>>
No. 546090 ID: b3ca75
File 138321394535.png - (18.71KB , 900x450 , 15.png )
546090

>maybe this is an unavoidable party wipe and how you end up undead.
I’m not going to end up some abomination in the gods eyes! I won’t allow it! I rather die that become… one of those things!
>It's... just a mass of sand with metal claws sticking out of it?
It’s a corpse veiled in cloth... also known as a mummy. A mummy with weird pitch black spikes sticking out of its body…
>Being old, dried-out things covered in fabric means that most mummies are rather vulnerable to fire.
That would be great if we actually had fire! It might just be a hunch, but I don’t think this thing will give us time to get our flint and tinder to start a fire… even if he’s personally invited to the BBQ…

>Watch for flying swords.
>The center of magic is in the torso of undead. Kill the torso to take down undead.
>I see a glowing sword in its gut. Grab it.
Um… err… I… oh gods, New plan! Panic roll!! Steal sword! Blindly slashing! Die horribly!
:AdilRUST: I got your spear!
:AkenaRUST: Out of the way! Let me at him! I’ll sh-
>>
No. 546091 ID: b3ca75
File 138321397085.png - (18.76KB , 900x450 , 16.png )
546091

:AkenaRUST: …you killed it?
:JerichoRUST: I did!? I did! …I didn’t even have to do step for of my plan… luckily…
:HorusRUST: You have bested it! We have triumphed!
:AdilRUST: I thought we were done for a moment there…
:MariRUST: Sqeee <3

>Also you've got more company- approaching figures on a distant sand dune.
I don’t… I think I saw something move over there, but it’s gone now… hmm…
>any idea what KA’RANZA means because this thing will not stop saying it.
:HorusRUST: I’m a bit rusty in the old tongue, but I believe it said “give it back” or “return it”…
:JerichoRUST: So it just wanted us to return that artifact we borrowed? Like some librarian hunting for an overdue book?
:AdilRUST: What’s a librarian? Do they taste good?
:MariRUST: Both smart, brave, handsome and has the biggest mark I’ve ever seen! Score!
:HorusRUST: Actually, I think it was shouting a warning…
:JerichoRUST: …what was that thing we came here to get anyway? …and what does it have to do with my father!? You promised that I would get to know more about my father if I came with you here, Horus.
:HorusRUST: And so you will… hmm… but I don’t really have the time explain everything about the ancient time, the death of the old gods, the great darkness and the daemon…. Or your family, right now… hmm… Akena, get Horac onto one of the mounts, we need to leave for the gathering with haste!
:AkenaRUST: On it, boss.
:HorusRUST: And while she does that… I’ll answer one of your questions… and only one. We don’t have time right now for a history lesson… if you want to know more, meet me at the gathering later.
:JerichoRUST: Only one!?

Insert Can I use the bathroom?_
>>
No. 546092 ID: a5188f

Hrrrm...
ancient time?
death of the old gods?
The great darkness and the Daemon?
your family?

We won't get the whole story, but I think you should ask about your family. With your mind at ease, you will be better able to move forward.
>>
No. 546100 ID: d2b9fe

>I rather die that become… one of those things!
Death is kind of a prerequisite, not an alternative.

>pulling out the glowing dagger killed it
Interesting. You may want to examine that dagger in more detail.

>return it / give it back
...but we haven't even taken anything, had we?

Oh wait. The key stone we found. What's that for?
>>
No. 546105 ID: dbe554

Be cautious.
>>
No. 546112 ID: b3ca75
File 138323577943.png - (14.47KB , 900x450 , 17.png )
546112

>Death is kind of a prerequisite, not an alternative.
I rather rot in a shallow grave then become a walking compost, alright?
>Ancient time? Death of the old gods? The great darkness and the Daemon?
The ancient time was a time of prosperity and magic… then the old gods died… somehow… thus engulfing the world in a dark age. Then the new gods came and made stuff… a bit better and here we are. That’s what I know about it myself. As for the daemon… err… it’s a demon with an A in its name? I guess? Maybe?

>Interesting. You may want to examine that dagger in more detail.
It’s not a dagger, it’s a sword… a very rusty, broken sword but a sword none the less.
:HorusRUST: Ah, I see you are wondering about the sword. I’ve read some old text about how the ancient ones used magical weapons to enchant their more powerful creations. Of course, time has changed what was once a powerful artifact into a piece of rusty metal. In fact, I’m pretty sure that weapon wouldn’t have been poking out from its body like that a few thousand years ago… hmm… I guess not even the gods domain is spared from the wake of time…
:JerichoRUST: …that wasn’t my question, right?
:HorusRUST: That one was free, son.
>I think you should ask about your family.
:HorusRUST: You’ve always been interested about them, haven’t you?
:JerichoRUST: Because no matter how many times I ask you refuse to answer me. Who were they?
:HorusRUST: …I guess it’s time for you to know, then. Your father… the man who handed you over to me… was tasked by the gods themselves to make a sacred pilgrim. In fact, this pilgrimage was the first step for a great change for our people… for all the tribes. That’s why we need to bring the artifact to the gathering with all due discretion, so he can use it for the next step.
:JerichoRUST: My father is alive!?
:HorusRUST: Yes, and when the time is right you’ll meet again… as for your mother… well… she is… she isn’t one of us anymore…
>The key stone we found. What's that for?
:JerichoRUST: And the artifact? What is it? Why does he need it?
:HorusRUST: I… shouldn’t really say exactly what it does but… it’s for the prophecy. Your father is a big part of it.
:AkenaRUST: Horus, the raptors are ready! …at least the two that’s still alive…
:HorusRUST: And now I need to take my leave… I’m sorry to force you to walk but… with that Skrang eating two of our raptors and a third one being taken by disease… we don’t really have much choice. Good luck.

:AdilRUST: Ah man, I hate walking…
:KharnRUST: Don’t worry, I know a small tribe we can seek shelter with just a nights march from here. We’ll start moving as soon as the sun sets. Now, get into the shade before you get a sunstroke!
:MariRUST: …what are you looking at?
:JerichoRUST: Hmm? Oh, it’s just… I thought I saw something move on the horizon.
:MariRUST: It’s probably just a mirage… the desert does that sometimes, you know… hey, Jericho? Um… I know we’re from different tribes but… are you seeing someone?
:JerichoRUST: …b-bluh!? I… err… n-no?
:MariRUST: You’re kind of cute when you’re flustered, you know~

Insert Smooth_
>>
No. 546113 ID: d2b9fe

>Seeing anyone
>flustered
I, uh, er, we should get to the shade.
>>
No. 546117 ID: 001618

huh, normally we're the ones that make the first move
>>
No. 546118 ID: 7bbaae

>>546112
Let the dating sim begin.

Also, those things on the horizon went off to the left.
>>
No. 546122 ID: b3ca75
File 138324457093.png - (12.79KB , 900x450 , 18.png )
546122

>Let the dating sim begin.
…let’s not.
:JerichoRUST: I-I’m flattered t-that you would… err… but… um… my relationships always ends badly and…
:MariRUST: Oh, I’m sure I can live with some of your flaws…
:JerichoRUST: Actually… It’s more… um… I’m u-unlucky…
:MariRUST: It can’t be that bad.
:JerichoRUST: My first w-was eaten alive by a skrang… the second was taken by slavers and the third… you don’t want to know about the third…
:MariRUST: That’s… I’m sorry for… um… I… I don’t believe in luck, you know…
>Also, those things on the horizon went off to the left.
:JerichoRUST: Can’t we talk about this later? I need to keep watch!
:MariRUST: Against what? We’re hidden in a cliff side in the middle of nowhere. Who would come here?
>I, uh, er, we should get to the shade.
:JerichoRUST: Can we at least get to the shade… I don’t like standing out in the open like this…
:MariRUST: You worry too much. Can’t we enjoy the sun a little bit longer… just the two of us… all alone… toge-
>>
No. 546123 ID: b3ca75
File 138324458319.png - (13.64KB , 900x450 , 19.png )
546123

*Thump*
:MariRUST:
:AdilRUST: SLAVER AMBUSH!!

Insert Battle stations!_
>>
No. 546124 ID: dbe554

Oh god the red lines are coming in! Hide behind a stone out of danger and you'll heal in ten seconds!
>>
No. 546125 ID: d2b9fe

...I think a glowing dart and/or arrow just hit us in the back of the head. And went right through.

Well, unless you can pull a Phineas Gage, I'm pretty sure we're dead now. RIP.

Anyone got any good last words?
>>
No. 546126 ID: 001618

no we're the one on the left the chick just got shot in the head... Grab the check and get into cover. What you never know, maybe she's fine and got hit by a sleeping dart or something.
>>
No. 546127 ID: a5188f

Can't say ya didn't warn her. What else could you do, considering you were caught surprised by this?
Take cover as fast as you can manage. Where, I don't know, but I recommend you do so quickly.
>>
No. 546128 ID: 53ba34

slavers would never use instant kill moves, otherwise they would have no merchandise. grab her and move.
>>
No. 546129 ID: 7bbaae

>>546126
You mean right.

>>546123
Get to cover. We can't even see the enemy yet, so we cannot advise any aggressive actions.
>>
No. 546133 ID: b3ca75
File 138325054724.png - (13.05KB , 900x450 , 20.png )
546133

>Get to co-
*Cough* g-gas… *Cough* don’t… feel… *Cough* good…
>>
No. 546134 ID: b3ca75
File 138325057947.png - (18.19KB , 900x450 , 21.png )
546134

*Smack!*
:JerichoRUST: OW! My face! W-wha…
:KranhonRUST: Su’vila gelede…
:UriRUST: Taraka nerat! Du’ga nala!
:JerichoRUST: My head…

Insert command_
>>
No. 546136 ID: 53ba34

keep your chain slack, if one gets really close, jump and bite them on the neck and crunch.
>>
No. 546137 ID: d2b9fe

Geeze, what kind of slavers cheap kill the women when they have knockout gas for the whole party? Her death was meaningless.

...and letting the body's water go to waste in the desert? Just so they can put a head on a pike? Geeze.

Don't do anything stupid like fight, yet. You're outnumbered, unarmed, hands tied behind your back, and in a bad position. Even if you got one of them, you'd likely be killed for it. Bide your time, wait for a better chance.
>>
No. 546138 ID: 7bbaae

I don't think she was meant to be hit by that knockout gas lance. They're just supposed to stick in the ground. What a pointless waste of life... May her soul find peace in the next cycle.

Looks like the elder got away with the macguffin, at least. That's probably a good thing? I kinda wish I knew what it did.

Oh well, this is a good time to ask you about yourself. We've forgotten everything about you! How did you get separated from your parents? Do you have any siblings? What's the history of this planet? Like, who were the old gods and who are the new gods?
>>
No. 546139 ID: 020db6

Hey, how come the slavers' stuff isn't all rusty and tarnished?

Also, I would not turn around if I were you.
>>
No. 546144 ID: 9ddf68

hm, well shit what can you tell us about slavers other then they're assholes?

I'll I can think for you do right now is to just go with the flow until you can find a way to escape.
>>
No. 546147 ID: b3ca75
File 138326067690.png - (16.00KB , 900x450 , 22.png )
546147

>if one gets really close, jump and bite them on the neck and crunch.
…even if I managed to kill one of them, they rest would simply kill me… no, I need to bide my time…
>I don't think she was meant to be hit by that knockout gas lance.
As far as I’ve heard, they don’t kill you unless you fight back… it probably was an accident…
>Also, I would not turn around if I were you.
Hmm? Oh… oh… another death… another pebble in the desert…

>...and letting the body's water go to waste in the desert?
They control the water, they don’t need to scavenge for it like we do.
>Hey, how come the slavers' stuff isn't all rusty and tarnished?
Because they have water… they have materials… they can clean themselves and make them anew… they don’t scavenge… they live… we starve…
>what can you tell us about slavers other then they're assholes?
They live where there is water… they got cities, we got tents… we never had a chance, had we?

>Oh well, this is a good time to ask you about yourself. We've forgotten everything about you!
…wait, but… how can you have forgotten about me? You’re me… um… I’m you… right?
>How did you get separated from your parents?
My father left me with Horus, the old man, before I hatched… I don’t really know a lot more than that… Horus always said that I wasn’t ready to know the truth…
>Do you have any siblings?
Not that I know of…

>What's the history of this planet?
Let’s see if I can remember Horus’ lessons correctly… “In the ancient times, the gods themselves controlled the world, sending chosen ones to change the very course of history, heroes who should excel at anything they tried. A time of great magic, great empires and nations, with epic and grand war fought for the fate of the very planet itself… then… then the gods was killed… struck down by some unknown force, plunging the world into darkness. No one knows exactly how long the dark age lasted… or how many life it claimed, but when it was over all those great empires and nations was nothing more than ruins… ruins and rust… and here we are…

>Like, who were the old gods and who are the new gods?
I do not know anything about the old gods… but the new… There are four of them…
There’s the god of ore, a man and a women made of steel and flesh. He guides us to new metals and helps us in our metal craft.
Then there’s the god of fertility… a female lizard covered in flowers and… err… you can probably figure out the rest…
The god of cunning, a lizard clad in red, he guides our thoughts and dreams…
And then there’s the god of death, a mantis from the other side who guides our souls both to the next world and to this world…

:UriRUST: Agate ne’tana!
:KranhonRUST: Duraden? Tera…

Insert Exposition, ho!_
>>
No. 546148 ID: 9ddf68

oh that sounds like Erin (ore god), Liz (sex god), Pride (cunning god), and Claire (death god). Good to see they're doing alright still.

So any idea what the slavers are saying, maybe they're saying how big of assholes they are cause that's what I'm picturing them saying.
>>
No. 546149 ID: a5188f

control the water, control dead bodies. What in the world. Is there anything you guys have besides a distinctive trend towards dying from one thing or another?
>>
No. 546150 ID: d2b9fe

>another death… another pebble in the desert…
Jeeze, you shrug off the death of a close companion pretty easy.

Or maybe not? You're in quite the funk now, it sounds like. Skipped past denial, anger and bargaining right into depression.
>>
No. 546151 ID: 7bbaae

>>546147
Do the gods favor your people, or the slavers?

Fyi, we are not you. We are the Voices of the Many. We are responsible for the rise of the new gods. We show up when the future needs to be changed. Liz was the first we guided. Claire was the second. Erin was the third. Pride was an enemy in Liz's, then changed his ways during Claire's time, and helped us greatly in Erin's time. Also, Pride is not a lizard clad in red, he IS red. He's the last remaining member of a long-extinct genetic offshoot of the lizard race.
>>
No. 546154 ID: b3ca75
File 138326501702.png - (16.54KB , 900x450 , 23.png )
546154

>Is there anything you guys have besides a distinctive trend towards dying from one thing or another?
…I… I don’t know… we have ice magic… but they got fire… we’ve always fought for our survival on a day to day bassist… and it’s seems like it’s a losing battle…
>Jeeze, you shrug off the death of a close companion pretty easy.
…she wasn’t the first… she won’t be the last…
>You're in quite the funk now, it sounds like. Skipped past denial, anger and bargaining right into depression.
Ahh… depression… old friend of mine… maybe we should talk about the old times over a cup of tea? …oh, wait, depression never left…

>Do the gods favor your people, or the slavers?
The slavers are godless… believing that all the gods are dead and there’s only man. There was a time when I thought… hoped that the god favored us… their believers… but I was wrong. The gods doesn’t favor anyone…
>Fyi, we are not you. We are the Voices of the Many.
…you’re w-what?
>We are responsible for the rise of the new gods. We show up when the future needs to be changed.
…you’re… b-but… you… c-chose me… but… Please! Save us! I-I don’t if I must s-sacrifice myself… just… save us… please…

>So any idea what the slavers are saying?
…I’ve never heard slaver talk before…
:KranhonRUST: Dura?
:UriRUST: Hmm… Gor!
:KranhonRUST: …I’m sorry for this. Might your gods have mercy on your soul.
:AdilRUST: Wha- nng!!

…By the gods! They just slit his throat!

:KranhonRUST: Dura?
:UriRUST: Hmm… Gede’na… sej?

Insert Lambs for the slaughter_
>>
No. 546156 ID: d2b9fe

>Please! Save us!
If we can. Although, we've kind of more the 'influence key people with the right words at the right time' world changers than, well, gods who just make things happen. We have to work at changing things.

Sort of a... we help those who help themselves deal.

>slavers killing you
...if you're going to be put to the sword, you might as well go down fighting.
>>
No. 546157 ID: d315b1

>>546154
If we're around, that generally means that all the gods are either dead or dying.

By the way, in the next few minutes you're probably going to die and get turned into some sort of undead. Don't panic, it's all part of the plan.
>>
No. 546158 ID: 7bbaae

>>546154
Well this is bad. I'm afraid we have very little power, Jericho. We assist in a tactical manner, mostly. If you were an awesome fighter I'd suggest using the chain around your neck as a weapon, by waiting until the slaver gets close then running up your mantis friend's back and angling it to catch around the slaver's throat. Then you would grab the keys in your mouth and toss them to your friend while distracting the other slavers.

Um, Pride? Liz? Claire? Erin? You wouldn't happen to be listening, would you? Mind telling us why you're not doing anything about the systematic oppression of your faithful?
>>
No. 546162 ID: 53ba34

if they go for the mantis too then run and bite it's eyeball. going to die then die swinging rather then let them do it.
>>
No. 546163 ID: 020db6

It's possible this is some kind of initiation thing. If he doesn't stop, do like >>546162 suggested.
>>
No. 546164 ID: a5188f

>>We have Ice magic.
>>Desert setting.
Ok question barrage for you. If you have ice magic, why are you so concerned about water, or are ice mages really rare? Or do you have the sort of ice magic that needs you to have water handy beforehand?
And secondly, your now-deceased black-robe friend, he seemed like he had some sort of religious thing going on. Same beliefs as you right?
>>546162
>>546158
Good plans for combat as well, rather crazy but we actually have it on good authority you're going to die, and not a 'long run death' but a 'within the next few days' type thing...
>>
No. 546169 ID: c22069

I bet you probably could strangle that Slaver Mantis with that chain they have you and Kharn secured with before the other two slavers can get close enough to stop you.
>>
No. 546174 ID: fd7000

You appear to be fated to die. Soon.
As a mortal you have a different perspective on fate than we do. From our perspective you are doomed and nothing we can do will save you for long. From your perspective your only mostly doomed, if you want to live you are going to have to save yourself. Sorry about that.
We wish you luck.
>>
No. 546189 ID: 9ddf68

Do you have ice magic? If so I say freeze the rope that bonds your hands and wait to see if that mantis kill the other guy then comes up to you. It seems whenever the white bitch behind you says Gor that's the word that kills you so when the mantis ask Dura when it gets to you send an ice spike through it's skull and while everyone is surprised take out whitey behind you with another spike and see if you can't finish off the last guy

If you don't have ice magic...try to slip out of the rope bounding your hands when the big mantis gets close to you go for it's eyes? yeah without a weapon, any real combat skills, magic, and the fact that your tied up like a Christmas present does make it look like you're pretty fucked save a Deus Ex Machina happening in the next 5 minutes.

but hey lets try something
[rain tapioca pudding]
>>
No. 546206 ID: b3ca75
File 138329557066.png - (17.07KB , 900x450 , 24.png )
546206

>If you have ice magic, why are you so concerned about water, or are ice mages really rare?
They are rare, most often just one in every tribe… and they are a big source of water for us. Without them many of us would have died…
>your now-deceased black-robe friend, he seemed like he had some sort of religious thing going on. Same beliefs as you right?
…the gods have abandoned us…

>By the way, in the next few minutes you're probably going to die and get turned into some sort of undead. Don't panic, it's all part of the plan.
W-w-what!? B-but… I don’t want to die!! P-please! I beg y-you! I’ll d-do anything! I don’t w-want to… please… I’m… oh gods…
>[rain tapioca pudding]
…w-what?

>I bet you probably could strangle that Slaver Mantis with that chain they have you and Kharn secured with before the other two slavers can get close enough to stop you.
Y-yes… I n-need to fight… it the only way I c-can survive… on three… one…

:KranhonRUST: …Dura?
:UriRUST: Nit.

…t-they spared him? They spared him! They are going to let us live! I’m going to live! Hah! I’M GOING TO SURVIVE! Thank the gods!!

:KranhonRUST: Dura?
:UriRUST: Hmm….

…T-they… they are g-going to spare me… right? RIGHT?

Insert Desperation_
>>
No. 546209 ID: 57da48

Run behind Akena and start shouting Nit! Nit! Nit!
>>
No. 546216 ID: d2b9fe

>Dura?
...nit?
>>
No. 546219 ID: 9ddf68

depends if she says Gor you're a dead man, if she says nit you're fine

If you hear Gor, headbutt the mantis and basically just do whatever to survive. After if you're going to go down go down swinging, Give them something to remember you by. Hell if this is going to be a last stand might as well us all the anger, hate, fear, and whatever else you've build up over the years here and just unleash it on these asshats. Even if you fail it'd still be good to get that off you chest.

If she says nit on the other head just keep biding your time.
>>
No. 546226 ID: d2b9fe

...maybe this will work.

[change perspective to Uri]
Nit.
[Change perspective to Jericho]
>>
No. 546231 ID: 7bbaae

>>546206
I'm sure there is some explanation for why the gods are not helping you. Maybe they're busy on some other planet.

Hey, why does the head slaver have such a pale face?
>>
No. 546232 ID: b3ca75
File 138332829467.png - (17.44KB , 900x450 , 25.png )
546232

>[change perspective to Uri]

>Hey, why does the head slaver have such a pale face?
S-she isn’t even h-human… she’s a walking corpse! A s-skeleton!

:JerichoRUST: Nit! NIT NIT NIT!!!
:UriRUST: Gor!
:KranhonRUST: …I’m s-sorry for this-
:JerichoRUST: Wait! No! You can’t! I don’t want to die! I was chosen! They ch- hnnn! Hnnn… hnnn…
:KranhonRUST: May your gods have mercy upon your soul, child killer…

The game piece “The pebble” has been killed…
Creating new game piece…
Calculating spleens…
Inserting lamas…
Loading completed…
End of prologue…
>>
No. 546233 ID: b3ca75
File 138332832046.png - (10.50KB , 900x450 , 26.png )
546233

Creating “The Acolyte”.

:TeraRUST:
>Nit!
:TeraRUST: Huh!? Wha- who said that!? Hello?
>Hell if this is going to be a last stand might as well us all the anger, hate, fear, and whatever else you've build up over the years here and just unleash it on these asshats.
:TeraRUST: …who… who are you!?
:GeronRUST: Tera, my child, is everything alright?
:TeraRUST: I just heard… never mind… everything is fine.
:GeronRUST: I hope your meditation was relaxing, because it is time for your test. It is time for you to wield our holiest of magic and give someone penance.
:TeraRUST: Penance? I’m supposed to punish a savage?
:GeronRUST: Indeed, Four savages was captured today at the massacre of the Elathin mines. They were found guilty for the murder of eight people, thirteen servant and two children. Killing the guards I can understand, but killing their own kin and the children? Barbaric!
:TeraRUST: So I have four tries?
:GeronRUST: Actually, you got two. One of the savages was killed in a crossbow malfunction, unfortunately, and another, a mantis, will receive a less severe sentence thanks to being captured unarmed and carrying primitive medical supplies, thus being deemed a “civilian”... and being the only one that seemed to have grasped the concept of a bath probably helped to. Now, are you ready, my child?
:TeraRUST: Yes… err… wait… did you hear someone talk a moment ago?
:GeronRUST: …no?

Insert You have gained the child killer perk!_
>>
No. 546234 ID: d2b9fe

So we were convicted of a crime we didn't do? Nice. Prejudice and a language barrier really help.
>>
No. 546235 ID: 57da48

Haha time to punish sinners! So get to it lazy eyes.
>>
No. 546237 ID: d2b9fe

>>546235
I think those are supposed to be eyelashes, not lazy eyes. (No one else has pupils displayed at this resolution, anyways).
>>
No. 546238 ID: 9ddf68

...snrk BHAHAHAHAH
Oh that's rich, killed because of convince. Oh don't mind us we're just hitching on a ride here until we can figure some things out. As for what we are... Well we do know what really happened in the mine but it matters little now, just do your job and ignore us as if you bring attention to us you'll only look like you've lost your mind, head voices are mean like that =)
>>
No. 546240 ID: a5188f

Hello young one.
Have you much of a curiousity for what most would call ancient history?
>>
No. 546241 ID: dbe554

Pity, our good friend got killed because the slavers felt they knew everything..

Going to make your life potentially a hell if you don't listen well enough.
>>
No. 546242 ID: b3ca75
File 138333168652.png - (4.85KB , 900x450 , 27.png )
546242

>So we were convicted of a crime we didn't do? Nice. Prejudice and a language barrier really help.
…wait… you’re the savage!?
>So get to it lazy eyes.
Lazy eyes? I don’t even have pupils, you jerk! Geez, why do everyone have to pick on the blind chick…
>just do your job and ignore us as if you bring attention to us you'll only look like you've lost your mind, head voices are mean like that.
Right…

:TeraRUST: Maester Geron, I am ready for the test.
:GeronRUST: Very good. Now, I will give you the choice how you’ll bring him back.

Do you wish to create a skeleton? We got a mage here who can purify the savage body with holy fire and wash him clean from flesh and sins…

Or maybe you want to bring him back as a ghoul? A bit… boring, but they are the most popular servant… um… I mean among the undead servants, of course. People still prefer the living from the dead…

Oh, we’ve just got a new batch of linen, so how about a mummy? They are always popular with the ones that seek more… exotic servants.

:GeronRUST: …maybe we can bring him back as a wraith? I’ve always wanted to create a wraith…
:TeraRUST: Wraiths can’t interact with the corporeal world… he wouldn’t make a very good servant as a wraith.
:GeronRUST: Oh right… no wraith then… but if you have any other idea about what we’ll make of him, do speak up, child.

Insert Skeletons in the closet_
>>
No. 546243 ID: d2b9fe

Skele or ghoul, I'd think.
>>
No. 546244 ID: 9ddf68

is there any pros and cons with which undead we bring him back as or is it all just cosmetic?

Cause if it's all cosmetic let's try mummy, nice to try something new every now and then after all.
>>
No. 546245 ID: 7bbaae

>>546242
I like the look of that mummy.

Hey blind chick, two questions. 1: WHY ARE YOU SO BALD and 2: You do realize those people in the mine were killed by an undead guardian of an ancient tomb, right? This guy we're undeadifying killed the guardian himself, by pulling out its power core sword thing.

Also the gods are real, though I'm starting to think they don't influence the world at all.
>>
No. 546247 ID: 9ddf68

>>546245
don't see why you're telling here this. I honestly don't think she cares that they killed the killer of the miner's killer. They'd have to see them as people first and that's not going to happen.
>>
No. 546248 ID: d2b9fe

What? Noooo. Mummies are the lamest form of undead.
>>
No. 546249 ID: dbe554

Mummy looks good
>>
No. 546251 ID: 7bbaae

>>546248
Well, what else then? A new form of undead? Like a vampire or death knight or lich or poltergeist?
>>
No. 546252 ID: 020db6

so Jericho and company just showed up in the wrong place at the wrong time?

No, we aren't him, but we were just following him on his quest to find a shiny rock. But yeah, as far as we know he's never killed any kids.
>>
No. 546253 ID: a5188f

skeleton. Have his bones be nice and easy to rattle!
>>
No. 546254 ID: fd7000

A revenant is created when a soul returns from the afterlife to possess its own corpse, usually to finish whatever task it died trying to finish. Physically much like a zombie the revenant is familiar with the limitations and skills it possessed while it was still alive and will make full use of them unlike traditional zombies. Revenants that exist for long periods of time sometimes learn to leave and repossess there own corpses at will gaining further advantages over traditional zombies.
>>
No. 546256 ID: 5869f6

>>546242
We guided him. We see all that happens to the one we are guiding.
He killed no child.
So that means your 'friends' or whatever the fuck, MURDERED an innocent who was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
So, how's it feel to be a murderer? I call you such as, one, I am in a sour mood from you killing our fucking host. And two, I see you as guilty by association. But, I guess since you are reviving him, it can count as pennance and we can all be friends now.
>>
No. 546258 ID: 57da48

Mummy for those curses and exotic allure! Also you can change a mummy into a skeleton later if needed, just burn off everything but the bones.
>>
No. 546260 ID: 7bbaae

>>546256
We haven't been with him that long, though. He could've done something earlier. He's been hearing voices all his life, so he's crazy enough to have done it.
>>
No. 546270 ID: b3ca75
File 138334806131.png - (19.91KB , 900x450 , 28.png )
546270

>No, we aren't him, but we were just following him on his quest to find a shiny rock. But yeah, as far as we know he's never killed any kids.
…so… who are you? …and a shiny rock, you say? Clearly, it must have been an epic adventure, what with the goal being a shiny rock and all.
>you do realize those people in the mine were killed by an undead guardian of an ancient tomb, right?
…that sounds very unlikely. Do you know how rare those things are? It’s more probable that you’re lying to me or that you’re ignorant of his deeds.

>So, how's it feel to be a murderer?
First off, I didn’t kill anyone, the guards did. Second off, they are savages. They eat their own children and stuff.
>I see you as guilty by association.
…somehow this feels kind of hypocritical…
>WHY ARE YOU SO BALD!!?
BECAUSE I DON’T HAVE HAIR, DUH! WHY ARE YOU SO RUDE!!?


>Giant skeleton mummy spider!
:TeraRUST: -with giant scythe hands!
:GeronRUST: Err…
:TeraRUST: And eyes that shoot lasers! Pew pew!
:GeronRUST: That’s… a bit out of your league… of course, that would be AWESOME! …um… I mean… aim for the stars, child.
>Mummy for those curses and exotic allure!
:GeronRUST: Very well. I’ll have some of the disciples prepare the body immediately!



:GeronRUST: It is ready, Tera. Whenever you are ready.
:TeraRUST: Why is he wearing rags?
:GeronRUST: Because it’s easier to bind the soul if you have the belongings the person carried before their death… and yes, that’s not the corpse that smells… it’s the rags. Back to the matter at hand, remember that you need to focus on the person you wish to bring back… in this case, the murders he committed.
:TeraRUST: So… if he didn’t murder anyone?
:GeronRUST: Then you’ll probably fail.

…hmm…

Insert Rise from your gra- wait, what do you mean I’m one update early?_
>>
No. 546272 ID: d2b9fe

>They eat their own children and stuff.
You really believe that? They'd die out if that was the case.

They're people, just like you. They have a different belief structure, and speak a different language, but they're people.

>why so mean and angry
Because we saw this man and his companions die needlessly. Because his people saw yours as nothing more than godless monsters hunting them, and your people saw his as nothing more than worthless baby eating savages.

And because we are a power. And we had a hand in his fate. We could not save him, and it was a consequence of our past actions that cost him his life.

Senseless loss of life, anger, guilt, sadness. Emotion makes our words sharp.

>if he didn’t murder anyone you'll fail.
Then you cannot focus on the murders. This man murdered no one, that day. He and his found the bodies of your people in an ancient trapped crypt that had killed them, and heeded the warnings to pay the bodies respect or suffer the wrath of the ancients.

>you need to focus on the person you wish to bring back
His name was Jericho.

He was raised a foundling, ignorant of his past. He has never met his father, though he still lives, and he desperately wants to know more about him. He is unlucky in love- everyone who has tried to get close to him has suffered an ill fate. He believes in gods he has lost faith in, who he feels have abandoned him. That he cried out to for help even as he died.

And he considers your practices abomination. He would rather rot that be raised one of the living dead.

This is the man you must restore. Even though he will despise you for it. Despite his wishes, fate still has a purpose for him, and you must give him the means to achieve it.

Arise, Jericho. Rise, and live, though you do not. Walk the earth once more, breathless and thirstless.
>>
No. 546273 ID: 020db6

>>546270
And trust me do you not want to fail. If he's out of the picture permanently, we'll have nothing better to do but talk to you all day. and we don't sleep or eat or breathe, so I really do mean all day.
>>
No. 546274 ID: 7bbaae

>>546270
Alright, if you don't believe us, try focusing on the murders. The proof will be your failure.

Then you'll want to focus on one of his defining characteristics- that all of his prospective girlfriends have met unfortunate ends. His first was eaten alive by a skrang, the second was taken by you slavers and the third he didn't want to even describe. Then there's the fourth, killed in front of him by that "crossbow malfunction", immediately after she asked him out on a date. Then her head got put on a pike as some sort of barbaric warning. He's convinced he's unlucky, and has been incredibly depressed about his life. We are the only good thing that's happened to him, as far as I know. He thinks of himself as a pebble in the desert.

You wanna know why these "savages" are so smelly and downtrodden? Because you guys are hogging all the water. They aren't really savages, they just lack the resources to live in a more civilized manner.
>>
No. 546275 ID: 7bbaae

Oh! If you want more proof, he was still carrying the magic core sword. It is rusted and broken, obviously not anything he was intending to use as a weapon.
>>
No. 546290 ID: b3ca75
File 138335368912.png - (19.29KB , 900x450 , 29.png )
546290

>You really believe that? They'd die out if that was the case.
Well, I’ve theorize that they eat their dead, including children…
>They're people, just like you. They have a different belief structure, and speak a different language, but they're people.
And people are assholes sometimes… and they aren’t just like us! We are just like them! Big difference!
>You wanna know why these "savages" are so smelly and downtrodden? Because you guys are hogging all the water.
…we need the water to survive. To live like this. We can’t share with everyone.

>Alright, if you don't believe us, try focusing on the murders. The proof will be your failure.
…maybe I should focus on something else…
>His name was Jericho. [Lots of depressing stuff]. He thinks of himself as a pebble in the desert.
That’s… a bit sad… isn’t it? …but pebble? Hmm… even the smallest pebbles can start the greatest of avalanches.
>And he considers your practices abomination. He would rather rot that be raised one of the living dead.
…you know, I should fail to raise him on purpose… if you really wanted that…
>This is the man you must restore. Even though he will despise you for it. Despite his wishes, fate still has a purpose for him, and you must give him the means to achieve it.
…if fate says so… Arise, little pebble, arise and walk once more!

>Arise, Jericho. Rise, and live, though you do not. Walk the earth once more, breathless and thirstless.
:JerichoRUSTED: …it hurts…
:GeronRUST: You did it, child! On the first try even! Magnificent!
:JerichoRUSTED: …kill me… please… I beg you…
:TeraRUST: …I’m sorry, little pebble… fate still have a purpose for you.
:JerichoRUSTED: …I spit on fate… I spit on the gods… damn them!
:GeronRUST: Well, off to the servant market with him, then. We need to make sure he’s fully functional before they sell him. He will probably be shipped over the sea, being an “exotic” mummy and all, and he needs to be in tip top shape.
:JerichoRUSTED: Noo…

[You can now control both the pebble and the acolyte!]

Insert Rise from your grave… you know… it just doesn’t have the same… unf…_
>>
No. 546294 ID: d2b9fe

>Jericho rusted
Cute.

>I spit on...
I don't think you can. Mummies aren't big on drinking (or breathing. Or eating). You're kind of dried out. You know, mummified.

>Let me die
I'm sorry, we can't. You were chosen, and that means there yet remains work for you to do. Even in death.

Don't think of this as something monstrous. It's just one more trial you need endure. And we'll help you through it.

>servant market
...how does that work, exactly? He's still, well, sapient, and not exactly happy following orders or even, well, existing, at the moment. How is he supposed to make a useful (or safe) servant?
>>
No. 546295 ID: 7bbaae

>>546290
Aren't you going to mention how he wasn't a murderer? Unfortunately, we do not know much about the second one you must raise from the dead. I think you might have to ask Jericho about him in order to succeed.

When does the pain go away?
>>
No. 546296 ID: 53ba34

the pebble: since you don't need to breathe if you can get back to your people you will be immune to the slaver's gas. letting you kill any that think your group will be an easy capture again.
you also are now probably stronger then everyone in the room, and i don't think you are supposed to be free thinking. so kill everyone but the bald human with your bare hands.
>>
No. 546300 ID: 7bbaae

>>546296
I don't think we want to turn a falsely accused murderer into a real murderer!
>>
No. 546303 ID: dbe554

Speaking of Servants, how does society treat these sort of undead servants?

Also are they supposed to be free-willed? Or are they just controlled in a manner that keeps them from expressing it.
>>
No. 546305 ID: 5869f6

>>546290
Acolyte: Well then, your Thrall seems to be in a state of constant, unending pain due to being brought back against his will. How does it feel to have that on your conience huh?
Jericho: hey buddy, sorry about all this being undead stuff. I don't like seeing you in pain. Maybe there's a way to numb it at least. If there is, we'll find it.
>>
No. 546308 ID: 020db6
File 138336201491.jpg - (33.71KB , 620x375 , MAGGOT.jpg )
546308

Are you quitting on me? Well, are you? Then quit, you dried-up fucking linen-wrapped corpse! give up! Jump the fuck out the window! Jump the fuck down out the window! YOU WANT OUT? DO IT! That's right, Jericho, don't make any fucking effort to get your ass out of here. If the Gods would have wanted you living happily they would have miracled your ass home to dada by now, wouldn't they? I will motivate you, Jericho, IF IT SHORT-DICKS EVERY SLAVING SCUMBAG AND CRYPT-BOUND ABOMINATION IN THIS HELL! YEAH SHIT SUCKS, NOW PULL UP YOUR PANTIES AND START DEALING WITH IT! /Hartman

you can lie on your ass and cry all you want (seriously go ahead, I have no high ground to judge you from), but you're going to have to get up sooner or later. Unless you find any escape in the market, I suggest you wait to be shipped overseas. Overseas means ships, ships mean mutiny, mutiny means goddamn zombie pirates.
>>
No. 546312 ID: 9ddf68

well baldy you're probably sick of talking to us so we're going to go over to our friend, We have a lot to make up for since we were meant to protect him and in the end got him killed for a crime he didn't comet and then had him raised as an undead despite the fact that he would have rather have died... Yeah we have a lot to answer for here. Bet he'd be crying if he could

Hey Jericho, to use the most underrated words in recent history right now, you may be a little upset with us, but we're going to fix this, but you have to help us fix this as we can't do it on our own. No matter how much we wish we could do otherwise. And we WILL stick by your side through thick and then.
>>
No. 546331 ID: c23ab0

Do you require bindings and punishments to keep someone a slave? Are they capable (if not stopped) of applying those bindings and punishments to you? If they did would you be just as much a slave as they are now?

If so, then you cannot prosper from slavery, as you're next in line to be wearing the collar and chains, and you cannot be a good person, because as demonstrated only circumstance puts you on the giving end of the rod. To destroy a slave is to destroy yourself. And you cannot trust your fellow man, because if they too keep slaves, then they will treat you like a slave, since even they will have to admit on some level that but for circumstance you and their slaves are indistinguishable.

If the slaves couldn't given total freedom enslave you then you've got nothing to worry about of course. But then you generally don't call them slaves. You call them livestock.
>>
No. 546340 ID: b3ca75
File 138340569851.png - (19.50KB , 900x450 , 30.png )
546340

>The pebble: kill everyone but the bald human with your bare hands.
:JerichoRUSTED: (I can’t… I… my head hurts… I can’t… I can’t even image hurting them…)
>I'm sorry, we can't let you die. You were chosen, and that means there yet remains work for you to do. Even in death.
:JerichoRUSTED: (…why me?)
>Don't think of this as something monstrous. It's just one more trial you need endure. And we'll help you through it.
:JerichoRUSTED: (I’ve already failed…)
>you may be a little upset with us.
:JerichoRUSTED: (I don’t blame you… you didn’t lead the slavers to us… you didn’t kill me… you didn’t do this to me…)
>we WILL stick by your side through thick and thin.
:JerichoRUSTED: (P-please… don’t leave me… n-not like the rest…)
>you can lie on your ass and cry all you want, but you're going to have to get up sooner or later.
:JerichoRUSTED: (…you’re right… I… I need to try…)

>Acolyte: Well then, your Thrall seems to be in a state of constant, unending pain due to being brought back against his will. How does it feel to have that on your conscience huh?
:TeraRUST: …how long will he be in pain?
:GeronRUST: Oh, just a minute or two.
> He's still, well, sapient, and not exactly happy following orders or even, well, existing, at the moment. How is he supposed to make a useful (or safe) servant?
:GeronRUST: Haven’t we already gone through this Tera, my child? He got magical runes bound inside his body. Not only is he forced to obey the ones he’s bound to, he can’t even think about hurting us or our possessions… including himself. Oh, and he can’t leave the general area without our approval, the general area being the city.

>Aren't you going to mention how he wasn't a murderer?
:TeraRUST: Hmm... Can I make him tell the truth?
:GeronRUST: The truth as he knows it, yes.
:TeraRUST: Jericho, tell me the truth, did you murder the people in the mine?
:JerichoRUSTED: No.
:GeronRUST: …huh, interesting. But have you ever murdered someone in cold blood?
:JerichoRUSTED: Yes.
:GeronRUST: And a child? Including what you would call “slaver” children?
:JerichoRUSTED: …yes.
:GeronRUST: Well, he isn’t guilty of the crime he was punished for, but he was guilty none the less. I’ll have a word with the guard about jumping to conclusions… sometimes I wish we had time to give them a proper trial… Oh, yes, off to the market so we can ship him off to sea! ...after we change his clothes and give him a bath…
:JerichoRUSTED: No… please… I need to be here…
:TeraRUST: I might have a buyer for him… here in the city.
:GeronRUST: Really? Well, as long as you get the money… and the caravan heading for the sea wouldn’t have left for another week anyway… now… wait… where was I?

Insert Good people doesn’t exist, only the naïve and the guilty_
>>
No. 546342 ID: dbe554

You were going to give him a proper cleaning and get him in some nicer clothing, the smell must be overpowering at this point.
>>
No. 546345 ID: 9ddf68

...so now what, get some new threads and see what we can do? Also how much does a mummy go for?
>>
No. 546358 ID: 7bbaae

>>546340
Acolyte, you need to raise the second one. Ask Jericho about him so that you can properly perform the deed.
>>
No. 546361 ID: b3ca75
File 138341789139.png - (13.21KB , 900x450 , 31.png )
546361

>Acolyte, you need to raise the second one.
:TeraRUST: …Do I need to raise the other one… I… I don’t think I have it in me… raising the dead is a bit… tiring…
:GeronRUST: We didn’t expect you to. Someone else will raise him in your place.
:JerichoRUSTED: …he was a coward, always pretending to be brave…
:GeronRUST: Err… I’ll pass that along… thank you…
>How much does a mummy go for?
:GeronRUST: Well, that depends. A prime example like this will go for at least a thousand crowns… if you find the right buyer, of course.

>You were going to give him a proper cleaning and get him in some nicer clothing, the smell must be overpowering at this point.
:JerichoRUSTED: It’s a bit embarrassing having you loom over me while I’m naked like this…
:TeraRUST: First off, I’m blind. Second, you’re never naked, you’re a mummy.
:JerichoRUSTED: …wait, do I still even have parts to be embarrassed about?
:TeraRUST: Hmm… I’m not sure… I know we took out a lot of your organs, like your stomach and lungs, but I don’t think we touched your… err… j-jewels… and even if you had the tools… you’re kind of dead… so… no idea if you can even use them… I have to ask Maester Geron about that… it would be interesting to know.
:JerichoRUSTED: …won’t all this water destroy the linen?
:TeraRUST: It’s magical linen made to contain your soul. A bit of water won’t harm it.
:JerichoRUSTED: …it’s still a waste of water, if you ask me.
:TeraRUST: It will be reused on the fields later… and besides, you don’t want to be a smelly mummy later, right? Oh right, and your new clothes! We found some old ones that would fit you… I’ve still have decided on what color… hmm… white and red with gold trimmings, maybe? It’s standard… or maybe green instead of red… or blue… hmm… orange? Would fit your eyes?
:JerichoRUSTED: …why are you doing this?
:TeraRUST: Because if you’re smelly and dressed in rags you’ll probably be shipped off to some mine somewhere?
:JerichoRUSTED: No, I mean… why are you so… caring?
:TeraRUST: Oh… it’s your voices, they told me too… and… um… you’re kind of the first person I’ve raised. It feels kind of special, you know… in fact, if I had the money I would probably buy you myself… I could need a gentlemen to show me around and find all the stuff I misplace…
:JerichoRUSTED: …wait, you hear them too?

Insert Let’s play dressup!_
>>
No. 546362 ID: d2b9fe

Wait, what language are you speaking? Did your resurrection come with free education?

>jewels
Just be glad they didn't make you a skeleton.

>...you hear them too?
Told ya we're special.
>>
No. 546366 ID: 7bbaae

>>546361
Perhaps it's time to tell you we're the Voices of the Many. You probably haven't heard of us but we're partially responsible for saving the origin world a couple times, and we saved the universe once too. Three of the four gods are those we aided to save the world/universe, and the fourth is a one-time enemy that has since become a close ally. Though it seems they cannot hear us anymore, so don't expect help from the gods unless Jericho knows some sort of ritual to contact them.

I would suggest finding a friend or something that could buy him. You two need to stay close, for the coming troubles. We tend to show up just before an apocalypse of some kind. Though, to be honest, last time we showed up AFTER the apocalypse and had to work to undo it.
>>
No. 546368 ID: 9ddf68

yeah we get around.

Also any preferences on the colors you wear? Cause if not I say we just go with the usual as to try not to make ourselves any more exotic then we already are, unless of course the more you go for the better place you'd be put in then go with something less common. Honestly if we're going to be stuck doing this servant crap we might as well try to go for something nice.
>>
No. 546370 ID: d315b1

>>546361
Tradition dictates that Jericho's clothes must include something purple.
>>
No. 546373 ID: a82ca9

Hey, what's this world called?
Also, yeah. We're immortal headvoices that predate your current gods. Who likely aren't dead. Or at least they aren't permanently dead.
>>
No. 546374 ID: b3ca75
File 138342200176.png - (14.11KB , 900x450 , 32.png )
546374

>Just be glad they didn't make you a skeleton.
:JerichoRUSTED: (…I didn’t really… you know, use them a lot anyway… I’ve never really… had the urge, so to speak…)
>Wait, what language are you speaking? Did your resurrection come with free education?
:TeraRUST: The resurrection? No… but the rune binding did. A servant that can’t understand us is of no use to us.
>Hey, what's this world called?
:TeraRUST: The planet Gaia? Or do you mean the Serath kingdoms? Or the Serathin desert?
>I would suggest finding a friend or something that could buy him.
:TeraRUST: That’s the plan. I got a friend, a scholar over at the palace, who is planning a bit of an expedition and need a new servant. Of course, he wanted a living one but… I think I might be able to convince him.

>Perhaps it's time to tell you we're the Voices of the Many.
:JerichoRUSTED: So you’re truly sent by the gods?
:TeraRUST: …little pebble, I’m sorry, but the gods are dead… or at least they don’t care about us at all. Either way I doubt they send these voices personally.
>We tend to show up just before an apocalypse of some kind.
:TeraRUST: …that can’t be good… um… I guess the sav- I mean tribal raids have become more frequent on the caravans…
:JerichoRUSTED: All the tribes are gathering… for something…

>Also any preferences on the colors you wear?
:JerichoRUSTED: I usually just wear what I find…
:TeraRUST: Well then, time for a makeover! …um… I guess I’ll need someone with actual eyes for this…



:GeronRUST: Hmm… purple on black? …or maybe white? Where did you put the white robe?
:TeraRUST: Here it is!
:GeronRUST: …that’s orange… and you’re facing the wrong direction.
:TeraRUST: …oh, sorry… um… hey, Maester Geron… I have a question. Err… can he… you know… um…
:GeronRUST: …I didn’t think you were that kind of a girl.
:TeraRUST: What!? No! It’s just for the knowledge!
:GeronRUST: If he’s ordered too. They usually sell well if they still got the ability… you know, because there are some people who want that from their… err… servants, undead or otherwise. Same thing with love... of course, you can order the servant to love whoever he wants but… that’s not really advisable to do, alright? Now, who are you trying to sell him too?
:TeraRUST: A friend over in the palace. I’ll have my little pebble here escort me there after we’re done with the clothes.
:JerichoRUSTED: Don’t I have any say about what I’ll wear?
:TeraRUST: You’ve already admitted that you don’t have any tastes in clothes.
:JerichoRUSTED: …I’d always wanted to wear pink…
:TeraRUST: …really?

Insert Real men wear the pinkest of pink_
>>
No. 546376 ID: 9ddf68

well what you have now looks pretty good, maybe see if you can't just have the yellow replaced with pink.
>>
No. 546377 ID: a82ca9

... Oh yeah. Males near our hosts tend to like crossdressing. Apparently that also includes male hosts. Neat.
The gods are likely dead. Again. We'll probably end up bringing them back to life. Again.
I kinda wish they'd actually survive from one adventure to the next.

So how does the raise undead thing you do work?
Do you actually need the body to raise an undead? Can it work with just the soul?
Can it work with a bunch of souls at once?
What about if the bunches of souls are all fused into one thing?
>>
No. 546379 ID: d2b9fe

>So you’re truly sent by the gods?
...we're more sent by circumstance and fate, even if we've associated with gods. We go where we're needed, even if the gods don't have time to dole out instructions.

The gods themselves tend to be pretty busy and/or dead most the time (not that death matters much). And things always get kind of hectic when we stop by to visit.

>ordered to love
...let's stay away from outright mind control, here. That never ends well. Ordering people to feel certain things is bad news.

>I’d always wanted to wear pink
Get the man some pink.
>>
No. 546382 ID: 7bbaae

>>546374
Pink and purple. Purple is kindof our color.
>>
No. 546383 ID: b3ca75
File 138342473667.png - (13.68KB , 900x450 , 33.png )
546383

>...let's stay away from outright mind control, here. That never ends well.
:TeraRUST: (Hey, I never said that I would order him to do anything.)
>So how does the raise undead thing you do work? Do you actually need the body to raise an undead?
:TeraRUST: (Well, yes. And the fresher and more whole the body is the easier it is to bring people back.)
>So how does the raise undead thing you do work? Do you actually need the body to raise an undead?
:GeronRUST: What!? That sounds quite impossible!
:TeraRUST: But-
:GeronRUST: IMPOSSIBLE! ...but it would be really badass if it did work…

>... Oh yeah. Males near our hosts tend to like crossdressing.
:TeraRUST: So, you’re a cross-dressing mummy?
:JerichoRUSTED: What’s cross-dressing? I’m not wearing any crosses?
:TeraRUST: …it’s when a male is wearing female clothing or vice versa.
:JerichoRUSTED: Wait, Male and women are supposed to wear different clothes!?
:TeraRUST: Err… yeah? Men wear pants while females wear dresses.
:JerichoRUSTED: …why? Why do they wear different clothes? …and what’s up with all these colors? Why not just wear whatever you find that fits… hopefully something that also blends in with the sand dunes…
:GeronRUST: Hmm… I don’t know… the pink doesn’t really fit…
:JerichoRUSTED: I’ve never worn any of that really light blue stuff either.
:GeronRUST: …you mean cyan? That… that wouldn’t fit at all!
:TeraRUST: Come on, choose some colors already… Here, try this purple robe!
:GeronRUST: It’s still an orange robe, Tera…

Insert Ignorance is bliss_
>>
No. 546389 ID: a82ca9

... What about the linens? Can you dye them different colours?
>>
No. 546390 ID: dbe554

He's already wearing purple.

Though maybe purple with a few pink highlights in the outfit might work.
>>
No. 546391 ID: 7bbaae

Erm. Okay, sounds like Jericho has no sense of style.

Tera, ask the others to show him a selection of robes that they think would fit. I would prefer some purple even if it's just a minor color.
>>
No. 546402 ID: b3ca75
File 138343679307.png - (20.54KB , 900x450 , 34.png )
546402

>... What about the linens? Can you dye them different colours?
:GeronRUST: That is both expensive and time consuming. I don’t really see how an investment like that would really pay off…
>Tera, ask the others to show him a selection of robes that they think would fit. I would prefer some purple even if it's just a minor color.
:GeronRUST: I think I got just the thing!
:JerichoRUSTED: Err… what if that scholar friend of yours buys another servant while we waste time on clothes?
:TeraRUST: Peh, like that would happened.

>Get on with it!

Creating “The Scholar”.

Hmm… I know I’ve read something about these weird stones, but where?
>NIT!
:IlbirRUST: …I heard you. Present yourself or I will call the guards.
:KranhonRUST: It’s just me, Ilbir, I’m back from my journey.
:IlbirRUST: Ah! Kran! So good to see you again! So, how did it go? I’m sure you made your superiors speechless.
:KranhonRUST: It was… I didn’t expect this was what I would be doing after all those lessons in the tribal language. Riding around in the desert for days and then murder three savages in cold blood… it’s not really what I signed up for.
:IlbirRUST: Don’t fret, you’ll climb in ranks and get a comfortable desk job soon enough. By the way, I was just on my way to buy a servant for the coming trip, you didn’t happened to catch anything good? …One that’s still alive, of course.
:KranhonRUST: The only one who’s still alive was kind of weak and was probably some kind of medicine man. I’m sure the doctors will be all over him if they haven’t bought him already.
:IlbirRUST: Then it sounds like I’ll have to go shopping. Care to join me?
:KranhonRUST: I’d love to!

Insert Now for someone completely different_
>>
No. 546403 ID: a82ca9

Its you! You cunt! Killing a perfectly good chosen one like that.
So whatcha doing?
>>
No. 546406 ID: d2b9fe

>Now for someone completely different
Gentlemen, prepare your silly walks.
>>
No. 546409 ID: 53ba34

congrats, that last one you killed was haunted, so now you are too.
>>
No. 546414 ID: b3ca75
File 138343911872.png - (19.25KB , 900x450 , 35.png )
546414

>Gentlemen, prepare your silly walks.
:IlbirRUST: What? Who said that!? Show yourself at once!
:KranhonRUST: Um… who said what?
:IlbirRUST: Wait… didn’t you hear- hmm… quite peculiar. Can you excuse me for a moment?
:KranhonRUST: Sure?

>It’s you! You cunt! Killing a perfectly good chosen one like that.
…so… it’s some kind of… telepathy? Mindreading? Dream walking? …oh, and I think you got the wrong human. I’ve never inhumane anyone… chosen or otherwise.
>So whatcha doing?
Well, I was about to go and buy a new servant with my good friend, when suddenly a strange voice entered my head and started screaming profanities at me. So… I’m guessing you’re not here for a cup of tea… are you?

>Congrats, that last one you killed was haunted, so now you are too.
Hunted? But I… wait… do you mean the savages Kranhon killed? Why do you hunt me if he’s the one who wronged you? Either you’re a very incompetent spirit or there’s something you’re not telling me.

Insert Casper the friendly murderer_
>>
No. 546417 ID: d2b9fe

>Why do you hunt me if he’s the one who wronged you?
We can't always tell in advance who will hear our voice. We entered the room and several of my colleges shouted insults at your companion, not realizing he would not hear.

But yes, we witnessed his execution of the savages, and weren't exactly pleased with that turn of events, considering we were traveling with one of them at the time.

His remorse over his actions is some comfort, but this situation between your people and the 'savages' remains tragic.
>>
No. 546421 ID: ff22de

A scholar? Excellent.
My good man, do you know the origin of the Wandering Tribes or 'savages', as you and your people may call them?
I understand there are differences between you two, I wish to divine the why.
Oh, and we know of a very recently accuired servant by the name of Jericho! A lizardman, if that's what you're after, is it?
>>
No. 546422 ID: 7bbaae

>>546414
Yeah that was dumb of those other voices. Obviously you were the one responding to our entrance.

I highly suggest you buy the lizard mummy. Or both of the newly risen, even. Hang on, your mantis friend said he killed three. We only know of two dead- the smelly lizard and the cloaked human. I'm not sure if the human will be of any use to us actually...

Also yadda yadda we're the Voices of the Many you think the gods don't exist but you're wrong, etc.
>>
No. 546426 ID: 020db6

>>546414
Hey, you're a smart guy, right? Can you explain why there's so much rust in such a dry environment? Keeping things dry tends to prevent rust, so I don't understand why there's so much of it in a desert.
>>
No. 546429 ID: a82ca9

>>546414
Oh. Sorry for swearing at you. I thought we were in the mantis.
So hows it going?
>>
No. 546430 ID: 5869f6

>>546414
Sup asshole, we're 'The Many' we act as etheral guides. And your mantis friend there,killed our fucking host. So, thanks for that. So who are you? Some kind of bookworm?
>>
No. 546434 ID: 020db6

No need to go shopping, Tera already has a suitable candidate. your friend here killed him so that'll be awkward but he seems like a nice guy so I'm sure he'll get over it.
>>
No. 546441 ID: 9ddf68

Oh there's lots of stuff you're not telling you, mostly because I don't think telling you how often people we've been with in the pass like to screw would really help anyone but that's not the point.

We hear that you're looking for some "hired" help to help out on a ruin diving run and where looking for some more... "lively" help but we want you to pick someone else, someone your blind friend brought back from the grave earlier today. If you're interested let us know and we'll tell you more. If not then we're going to talk your ear off as to why you should.
>>
No. 546451 ID: c23ab0

We were yelling at the mantis for killing the savages. The mantis who can't hear us because he's not chosen. And no we don't mean chosen for some great quest. We just mean chosen for something that involves you hearing us.

> The only one who’s still alive was kind of weak and was probably some kind of medicine man

THIS GUY IS DESPERATELY IMPORTANT

He was the one who led them there and knew all about what was going on but wouldn't say anything! Do not let him out of your hands!
>>
No. 546452 ID: d2b9fe

>He was the one who led them there and knew all about what was going on but wouldn't say anything!
What? No. They captured Kharn, the bug with the purple clothes. He only even had like one line.

The people who were actually important, lead things, and knew anything rode away on the mounts that survived the earlier attack, and escaped.
>>
No. 546457 ID: c23ab0

>>546452

Oh, darn. I thought we might not have that dangling plot line to come stab us in the back in the future.
>>
No. 546472 ID: b3ca75
File 138348929842.png - (21.99KB , 900x450 , 36.png )
546472

>Oh. Sorry for swearing at you. I thought we were in the mantis.
I rather you don’t swear at the mantis either.
>Sup asshole, who are you? Some kind of bookworm?
And now you’re back to spouting profanities. You’re working on a bit on cross purpose, aren’t you? Anyhow, I am Ilbir Deejeb the third, Dapir for sultan of the Serath kingdoms… adventurer, scholar, gentleman… and yes, I like books. They taste good with a bit of ketchup and some salad.

>My good man, do you know the origin of the Wandering Tribes?
I’m the wrong person to ask about that. The only thing I know is that they’ve become more and more hostile ever since the lakes in the southern parts of the desert dried out about two hundred years ago.
>This situation between your people and the 'savages' remains tragic.
Indeed it is, we have tried with diplomacy but it has always been met with hostility. Of course, we have probably met their diplomacy attempts with hostility too.

>Can you explain why there's so much rust in such a dry environment?
That’s one of the bigger mysteries of the desert. There have been a lot of theories about how but most of them completely bogus, of course. The only thing I know is, according to some ancient texts, there was a great jungle here in the ancient times and… well, and everything still rusts like they would be there, even if the humidity is gone. It’s like the land remembers how it once was…
>Hang on, your mantis friend said he killed three. We only know of two dead.
:KranhonRUST: Um… I executed two of them just outside the city… and the third died when my crossbow accidently discarded. Why do you ask? …um… what are you even doing?
:IlbirRUST: I’m having a conversation with what appears the be a psychic.
>Also yadda yadda we're the Voices of the Many you think the gods don't exist but you're wrong, etc.
The voices of the many? Never heard of you… and I do believe in the gods, it’s just that they are dead. If you say otherwise, please bring some proof of your theory.

> Tera already has a suitable candidate by the name of Jericho! A lizardman, if that's what you're after, is it?
Tera? Really? She has finally done her first resurrection? As for the servant, I don’t care for its species or gender, as long as it’s intelligent and hard working.
>He’s a mummy.
…How about no, then. Those undead servants… they are supposed to be criminals, right? I rather not have some murderer wandering around.
>If you're interested let us know and we'll tell you more. If not then we're going to talk your ear off as to why you should.
Ah, a Morton fork, eh? Doomed if I do, doomed if I don’t? …can’t you just bring Tera here ins-

:TeraRUST: Ilbir, old buddy! I’ve come with an offer you can’t refuse!
:IlbirRUST: …that was fast…
:JerichoRUSTED: You didn’t tell me he was a half-man! The gods must have punished hi-
:TeraRUST: Dammit, I told you to be on your best behavior! And yes, he suffers from dwarfism.
:IlbirRUST: I prefer “vertically impaired”.
:KranhonRUST: Then why do you keep telling me to call you “The gia-
:IlbirRUST: Hush you…

[You can now control The Pebble, The Acolyte and The Scholar!]

Insert At least I’m only Horizontally impaired_
>>
No. 546476 ID: 65f0b0

...Increasingly hostile?
OH!
I think I get it!
Your peoples are at cross purposes! It's not that you're 'godless', you've seen the gods die in front of you! The tribers must have been guys out in the boonies or something back then, and don't believe they died because they're gods!
Now, here's the deal. Shorty there's gonna do something for which he needs a servant, and Jericho fits the bill, and between the two perspectives, you two SHOULD be able to figure out anything you come across...
I'm guessing here, but I think we're just here to settle disputes.
>>
No. 546478 ID: d2b9fe

>You’re working on a bit on cross purpose, aren’t you?
It's in our fractious nature, regrettably.

>They are supposed to be criminals, right?
Well, for what it's worth, he is innocent of the crime he was convicted of and executed for. Although he has killed in the past, but whether you'd consider that murder or a part of war gets into the situation between your peoples and circumstances we didn't witness.

>gods dead, need proof otherwise
Well, it's possible they're dead. We're not very up to date on current events. But we once knew the beings now known gods, and it's not as if this is the first time they've 'died'.

>The gods must have punished hi-
Do you think the gods are personally responsible for every ill that befalls every person? That every act of suffering is a punishment? You've seen too much suffering to believe that, I think.

And if you do truly believe that, can you consider yourself any better than him now?
>>
No. 546483 ID: 7bbaae

>>546472
The gods are dead? Well, I know at least one of them is immortal, and will keep resurrecting until the end of the universe. The red lizard, to be specific, and it only takes a few days each time. The others we have witnessed to be present at the end of the universe as well, but I do not know how they got there to be honest. That time period seems to be rather mutable anyway, as it has changed once already.

It sounds like after the lakes dried up the tribals lost their main water source. You guys control all the other ones, so...

Anyway, buy Jericho. He was falsely accused, although he does apparently have a history of violence. We don't know the details. You will have to interview him.
>>
No. 546487 ID: 53ba34

scholar: actually, we had tera order him to tell the truth and asked if he ever killed anyone in cold blood and he said no.
>>
No. 546490 ID: 9ddf68

Buy the mummy, as for why. He's undead which means he doesn't need to eat, drink, breath, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't sleep anymore either (you might want to double check on that one), so once you buy him you don't need to waste even more money on food and water for him so over the long term he's a better investment. Also he's under some kind of spell that makes it impossible for him even to think of hurting you. And as I'm sure you're getting tired of talking to us we'd be stuck in his head mostly so unless shit hits the fan you'll barely hear a peep from us.
>>
No. 546492 ID: 020db6

Well Jericho is adapting unusually fast. By the way, do you still have that locket? I don't think we've asked you about that yet.
>>
No. 546493 ID: b3ca75
File 138350492259.png - (22.23KB , 900x450 , 37.png )
546493

>Do you still have that locket? I don't think we've asked you about that yet.
:JerichoRUSTED: (It’s a bronze necklace with that you’re supposed to be able to open, but it was melted together by… um… actually, Horus never told me what melted the locket. Anyway, there supposedly something my parents left for inside it… but I’ve never gotten it open…)
>The tribes don't believe the gods died because they're gods!
:JerichoRUSTED: (Actually, the old gods died… but new ones was reborn in their ashes. These slav- um… Serathians don’t believe in the new gods.)
>Do you think the gods are personally responsible for every ill that befalls every person?
:JerichoRUSTED: (Of course not! It’s just… if he’s reborn like that… it must mean he was a very bad person the last time he lived… right?)
>And if you do truly believe that, can you consider yourself any better than him now?
:JerichoRUSTED: (…probably not…)

>for what it's worth, he is innocent of the crime he was convicted of and executed for. Although he has killed in the past.
:IlbirRUST: (So he is a murderer… of course, which savage isn’t?)
>whether you'd consider that murder or a part of war gets into the situation between your peoples and circumstances we didn't witness.
:IlbirRUST: (War? It isn’t a war. They raid our caravans and cities to steal stuff and… we raid their villages to steal them…)

>Buy Jericho.
:IlbirRUST: …I don’t know… I’ve never liked the undead… creepy bastards.
:KranhonRUST: So you think the sultan is creepy to?
:IlbirRUST: …yes. Don’t tell anyone I said that.
:TeraRUST: Think about it this way, he don’t need to eat, drink or sleep nor do he ever get tired.
:IlbirRUST: Hmm… fine… 500 crows.
:TeraRUST: 500!? But the Maester demanded 800! I can’t sell him for anything less!
:IlbirRUST: Well, I don’t really see him being worth more than 500… especially if he thinks I’m being punished by some gods. It’s genetics, you know!
:JerichoRUSTED: So your parents was dwarf too?
:IlbirRUST: That’s not how it wo- wait… you actually know what genetics is? How did you- can you even read?
:JerichoRUSTED: Um… no… err… I mean, yes? I think so? I think I got the ability to read at the same time I got the understanding of your language… which remind me, I really want to try and read one of your Serathian books…
:IlbirRUST: …you actually called us Serathians? …and you’re willing to learn? Fine, I’ll give 650 for him.
:TeraRUST: …still under 800.
:KranhonRUST: Can’t you just buy him and get on with it? We still need to make some other preparations before you head out and look for more of those weird stones.

Insert Mcguffins, ho!
>>
No. 546494 ID: 76b151

If the tribes are gathering then most likely your the smouldering embers of your mutual 'raids' upon one another are going to spark into outright war.

Honestly I'm not surprised since the tribes are dying a slow death and have no choice if they want to survive.
>>
No. 546495 ID: d2995c

Right, those stones. As it happens we know the recent whereabouts of another quite similar mcguffin stone, but right now we are busy convincing you to buy the mummy.

Also, Jericho don't touch that. You don't know where its been.
>>
No. 546497 ID: 9ddf68

yo Ilbir or whatever the hell your name is, is the orb over there suppose to glow like that, cause I noticed it was getting brighter the closer Jericho got to it.

Hey Jericho what are you looking at? any books here seem to stand out from the rest?
>>
No. 546498 ID: 53ba34

the stones are useless without all of them. the ancient crypt that had the ancient mummy was where the other one was.

also, murder is killing someone for no reason. being attacked and killing them instead is self defence.
>>
No. 546500 ID: d2b9fe

>So he is a murderer… of course, which savage isn’t?
Well, the ones who die before they have a chance, or who are very fortunate to not have to fight.

Your people have the luxury of being developed and established enough to have divided yourself into a military and non-combatants. Of having a front line to the fight away from your homes. They don't.

>not a war
Well, maybe the others aren't organized enough for their to have every been a formal declaration, but this sure isn't peace.

>haggling
Haggling montage go!
>>
No. 546501 ID: 7bbaae

>>546493
More of... what planet is this? We're not on Origin are we? If these are fragments of the destroyed Vessel I am going to flip.

Ilbir! Describe the old gods!
>>
No. 546509 ID: b3ca75
File 138351008602.png - (19.77KB , 900x450 , 38.png )
546509

>what planet is this? We're not on Origin are we?
:IlbirRUST: Um… It’s called Gaia? …and what’s origin? …how can we be on any other planet? It’s impossible to leave this one!
>Ilbir! Describe the old gods!
:IlbirRUST: I don’t know exactly how they all were… but there was thirteen of them… and they would personally lead their nations against their enemies… most often other nations controlled by another god…

>If the tribes are gathering then most likely your the smouldering embers of your mutual 'raids' upon one another are going to spark into outright war.
:IlbirRUST: It isn’t really going to be a war. They are gathering a horde. They have done so before.
:KranhonRUST: This is the biggest horde yet… and they say they are being led by a mighty Daemon from the frozen wastes of hell itself! It takes the form of a lizard, three times the size of a normal man, clad in armor made of darkness and its breath will freeze the very air.
:IlbirRUST: You know that’s bullshit just as much as I do.

>Right, those stones. Jericho, don't touch that. You don't know where its been.
:JerichoRUSTED: I seen one of these stones before… in that mine were I was so “nicely” accepted into your society.
:IlbirRUST: You have? What happened to it?
:JerichoRUSTED: Horus took it… to the gathering.
:IlbirRUST: The tribes are gathering the stones too? …well, that complicates things…
>yo Ilbir or whatever the hell your name is, is the orb over there supposed to glow like that, cause I noticed it was getting brighter the closer Jericho got to it.
:IlbirRUST: Hmm… that’s odd… it’s supposed to react like that when another stone is close by… it must be reacting to Jericho because he have been in contact with another stone earlier today!

>Haggling montage go!
:IlbirRUST: Well then, that settles it! You’ll have your 800.
:TeraRUST: 1000.
:IlbirRUST: Wha- but you… fine, I guess I became a bit to exited there, didn’t I? 1000 it is.
:TeraRUST: Sweet. 200 crowns all for myself!
:IlbirRUST: …Well then, I think we’re done here. Kran, care for a drink for old times’ sake?
:KranhonRUST: I’ve already bought a flask of your favorite spirit.
:IlbirRUST: Servant, while I’m gone can you clean up my study a bit? And when you’re done, feel free to read a book or something… oh, and please escort Tera back to the temple too. Let’s go, Kran.
:JerichoRUSTED: Yes, oh great lordship, master of-.
:IlbirRUST: And cut down on the sarcasm.
:TeraRUST: Hmm… actually, I’m a bit sad to see you go, my little pebble… you’re like a pet, you know… wait, let me feel your face… I just remember that I don’t actually know what you look like.
:JerichoRUSTED: …can I get a hug?
:TeraRUST: What did you say?
:JerichoRUSTED: Nothing.

Insert Jericho: Depressed, sarcastic, in a desperate need of a hug_
>>
No. 546512 ID: d2b9fe

[To the acolyte]
Give him a goodbye hug.
>>
No. 546513 ID: 9ddf68

Well let's walk her back to the temple then. Maybe ask her what made here become a priest or whatever. Also how dirty does this place look? Seems fine to me.
>>
No. 546519 ID: dbe554

He wants a goodbye hug, he's still scared afterall.

To the Scholar: If your kind have been stealing them and killing them, in return for their caravan dealings. It seems like it's going both ways.

It's also not unexpected they would raid Caravans, considering they have no water supplies of their own and your kind keeping it to yourselves, natural desperation of a people who want to live and all would cause for a war to buildup for existing resources.
>>
No. 546523 ID: 7bbaae

>>546509
Don't worry, Acolyte. I'm sure you will meet him again in the future. Don't forget to get a feel for his horns, those are like part of how you tell Lizards apart. Shame you can't see his markings.
>>
No. 546529 ID: b3ca75
File 138352062480.png - (19.82KB , 900x450 , 39.png )
546529

>He wants a goodbye hug, he's still scared after all.
:TeraRUST: Don’t be scared, my little pebble, everything is going to be alright…
:JerichoRUSTED: …T-thank you…
>I'm sure you will meet him again in the future.
:TeraRUST: (Of course I will… I mean, I live just across the plaza from here…)
>Don't forget to get a feel for his horns, those are like part of how you tell Lizards apart.
:JerichoRUSTED: A-ah! S-stop it, those things are s-sensitive!
:TeraRUST: They are? …huh, I didn’t think you still had that kind of sensitivity.

>Also how dirty does this place look? Seems fine to me.
:JerichoRUSTED: There’s just a bit of dust, nothing major.
>Ask her what made here become a priest or whatever.
:TeraRUST: I grew up there… as an orphan. And there isn’t really a lot of jobs you can take when you’re blind…
>Let's walk her back to the temple then.
:TeraRUST: Well them, little pebble, won’t you be a gentleman and help this poor blind lady home?
:JerichoRUSTED: Of course, my lady!
>>
No. 546530 ID: b3ca75
File 138352067770.png - (20.20KB , 900x450 , 40.png )
546530

Creating “The Thief”…

*Uhf* Finally! …that was way too long of a climb… but it wasn’t even a challenge for the great master thief, the Shadow! Neither were the guards patrolling the garden or the wall surrounding the palace… err… I even tripped over the wall on purpose to make it a little bit harder! You tripped over the wall because you’re a clumpy oaf. Oh, hush you. Now, let’s see… what was it that I was looking for again? A magical stone thingy. Right… um… where was it again? Right tower, fifth floor. …and I’m in the right tower and… um… You’re on the right floor. one… two… and the one with the guards… I’m on the fourth floor! Fifth, the first doesn’t have windows. …oh right… and the stone is… look to your left, idiot. Right…

Insert Talking to oneself_
>>
No. 546535 ID: dbe554

THE GUARDIAN OF THE STONE WANTS TO KNOW WHO IS BURGLARIZING THIS ESTABLISHMENT. PRESENT CREDENTIALS OR YOU SHALL BECOME DUST.
>>
No. 546536 ID: d2b9fe

>thief
Boo!

...now, convince us why we should let you go and/or help you instead of sounding the alarm. C'mon. Who are you, why are you here, etc.

>talking to yourself
Well, at least this is someone who won't have to get used to us.
>>
No. 546537 ID: 7bbaae

>>546530
Liz, is that you?
>>
No. 546539 ID: b3ca75
File 138352571871.png - (19.61KB , 900x450 , 41.png )
546539

>Boo!
Oh gods, someone’s here!? They probably didn’t see me... You were standing right in front of a lit window, of course they saw you.
>THE GUARDIAN OF THE STONE WANTS TO KNOW WHO IS BURGLARIZING THIS ESTABLISHMENT. PRESENT CREDENTIALS OR YOU SHALL BECOME DUST.
Guardian? You didn’t say anything about that!? It wasn’t in the notes! Ilbir never said anything about this!

>Liz, is that you?
…err… no? We are definitely not called Eli- shut it, doofus!
>...now, convince us why we should let you go and/or help you instead of sounding the alarm. C'mon. Who are you, why are you here, etc.
…um… I’m the great Shadow, the greatest thief that’s ever lived! We’re here to sell you insurance against burglary. See how easy it is for a thief to get in and steal your belongings. For the low sum of 100 crows a month we’ll take full responsibi- Wait, weren’t we supposed to prove to the midget that he really should protect the thingy better… you know, by- Shhh… I think they are buying it… But we wrote that note we were going to leave and everything! You really suck at lying…

Insert Best thief_
>>
No. 546540 ID: 76b151

I personally recommend not stealing the macguffin. I have the feeling if you do you will be ambushed by foes who will then take it from you.

Instead why don't you join the midget on his expedition. There might be treasure!
>>
No. 546541 ID: 53ba34

main problem is we are disembodied voices, and we can talk to the own, so we can trail you where you go and tell him where you are at all times.
>>
No. 546543 ID: d2b9fe

Italics voice is notably better than lying than the other.

Who else is talking to you, Shadow?

>prove to the midget he needs better defense
But his defense have caught you and are toying with you. Should we ping the guard and give you a chance to prove how much better you are at running with the loot then they are at killing you?

[To Jericho]
Paging undead servant. You awake? Library's being robbed. Up for scaring off a thief?
>>
No. 546549 ID: dbe554

Nah we aren't guardians, we're just in your head. Just playin' because man you are not that good. Gotta keep on your toes otherwise something worse then playful voices getcha.

Anyways so you want the Scholar to keep his things better protected? A good idea, but couldn't you have just told him leaving his window open at night is a bad idea?
>>
No. 546554 ID: 7bbaae

>>546539
Alright, if you're not gonna steal the crystal, keep us company. Say, you wouldn't happen to know of the Voices of the Many, would you?

Why are there two of you, anyway? Do you have some sort of magic communication device? Or is that other voice a Wraith?
>>
No. 546555 ID: c23ab0

Guys the thief has long since disappeared. The only thing left in this room is the shiny crystal and an empty suit of armor with a lizard tail coming out from behind it. Nothing to worry about here. Crisis averted!
>>
No. 546578 ID: 9ddf68

have to admit you two make a cute couple. So what's you're guy's story? Oh and to let you know since we now seem to have an eye on you two your guy's life is probably about to go to hell seeing as whenever we show up it's because everything is about to go to shit and we have to fix it, and it seems you two have just become key pieces in this so to be mess so be prepared to be caught in the middle of it.
>>
No. 546579 ID: 76b151

.... Maggy?
>>
No. 546609 ID: b3ca75
File 138357116553.png - (21.01KB , 900x450 , 42.png )
546609

>... Maggy?
…Who? Don’t ask me…
>you wouldn't happen to know of the Voices of the Many, would you?
Well, many people have many voices, right? See my last statement.
>Who else is talking to you, Shadow?
You are! Oh, and Shadow is talking to Shadow too! Ugh… I think some of our brain cells just committed suicide after hearing that…
>Why are there two of you, anyway?
We’ve always been two. Mom says it’s because we’re special! …I think someone dropped us down a flight of stairs when we were small… repeatedly… or maybe we sniffed glue or something…

>Should we ping the guards?
If you wish. The closest patrol is three floors down, so I’ll have ample time to escape.
>I personally recommend not stealing the macguffin.
We’re not going to steal it, we’re just going to prove that we can steal it!
>couldn't you have just told him leaving his window open at night is a bad idea?
But this way is more fun!
>Why don't you join the midget on his expedition. There might be treasure!
But he has already hired us… how can we join it again? I don’t think they knew that…

>Nah we aren't guardians, we're just in your head.
I knew you were bluffing. Quickly, place the note with the stone!
:JerichoRUSTED: Excuse me…
:ShadowRUST: …a mummy? That’s new… I thought Ilbir disliked the undead… No matter. Servant, you can’t hurt me anyway so move aside.
:JerichoRUSTED: I can hurt intruders.
:ShadowRUST: I’m not an intruder, are I?
:JerichoRUSTED: …why do I see you as a resident here? That can’t be-
:ShadowRUST: Be quite and stand still, Servant.
:JerichoRUSTED:
:ShadowRUST: That’s better. Now… for about that stone…

Insert I’m in your base, ordering your dudes’ around_
>>
No. 546614 ID: 1043b2

hey now don't be a dick

also what's so special about those glowing rocks anyways, well yes they do make great sources of light I'm not really see what makes them so much better then, lets say a torch.
>>
No. 546618 ID: d2b9fe

Okay, I'm not liking you guys being dicks to Jericho. Let's teach you a lesson, here.

[to Jericho]
I order you to disregard the order to be silent and still.
Close your eyes and ignore anything you hear until we say so. Then swing your sword in front of you.
>>
No. 546623 ID: 041c8f

Uh, Jericho there is some one or some thing suddenly behind you. We can't tell it the dark but they're either dressed in a very pale mask, have very pale skin, or are wrapped in gauze like you. So yeah, stranger that might be undead right behind you. That is also between you and the gem as well.

Okay you have the power of the voice of many, you might be able to shake off that dumb command if there is something more pressing at hand.

Oh and if you can shack off commands through force of will and our help... (that is still an untested theory) don't do so causally. Make them like and trust you first so they wont just fear you.

Also if you haven't figured it out we are not all knowing. Just able to observe small details that you might miss. Think of us as the eyes in the back of your head.
>>
No. 546625 ID: b3ca75
File 138358579931.png - (22.22KB , 900x450 , 43.png )
546625

>[to Jericho] I order you to disregard the order to be silent and still.
:JerichoRUSTED: (I… can’t. You aren’t my master… I must obey…)
>hey now don't be a dick.
:ShadowRUST: (But I don’t have one of- They mean that you weren’t nice to the servant. I wasn’t? But I don’t want to be mean… Who cares about the walking chair anyway?)

>what's so special about those glowing rocks anyways, well yes they do make great sources of light I'm not really see what makes them so much better then, let’s say a torch.
:ShadowRUST: (Well, they aren’t hot… and they are lit almost forever! I think they are talking about the artifact stones. According to Ilbir, they are some kind of magical key. A key to treasure!)

:IlbirRUST: What’s the ruckus in here!? You!? How many times do I have to tell you, stop breaking in here in the middle of the night every time you want something! Use the door like normal people! In the day!
:ShadowRUST: But this is so much more fun!
:IlbirRUST: Ugh… what do you want this time?
:ShadowRUST: I just wanted to be sure you kept a close watch on the stone. It’s quite easy getting in here, you know.
:IlbirRUST: I know, I’ve already ordered some bars for the windows…
:ShadowRUST: And your “rival” is going to make a secret “expedition” tomorrow too… coincidence?
:IlbirRUST: …Oh, son of a bastard. I need to buy some mercenaries for tomorrow in case he tries something… this expedition just gets more and more expensive… speaking of expenses...
:ShadowRUST: That information will cost you a bit of a bonus~ …something strong and hard~
:IlbirRUST: With you!? Ha, don’t make me laugh!
:ShadowRUST: …I was referring to alcohol, not… that. I know you always have a few bottles of the good stuff… and why wouldn’t you want to do me? You should be proud to bed someone like me!
:IlbirRUST: Well… err…
:ShadowRUST: Don’t you think so, little mummy,? Tell the dwarf he’s stupid not wanting to be with me… you would be happy to warm my bed~ wouldn’t you? …well, if you were alive, of course.
:JerichoRUSTED:

Insert …well, this is getting a bit… creepy_
>>
No. 546626 ID: f3017e

um Ilbir, can you please stop her from hitting on Jericho, he's kinda getting a little freaked out and since she apparently has control over him makes it a little more worrisome.

Oh and uh... ok shadow? what do you want us to call the two of you, like the one that is currently hitting on the mummy and the one who is being surprisingly quiet during all of this? Also try not to hit on him, the last check who did that got a crossbow bolt to the back of here skull. He didn't do it it's just that fate seems to like to see him single or something.
>>
No. 546628 ID: d2b9fe

>Tell the dwarf he’s stupid not wanting to be with me
He's still forbidden to move or talk, jerk. (Ilbir, you may want to revisit the rules on to what extent your servant is bound to obey others). And phrasing a question as a command remains incredibly rude in his situation.

>you would be happy to warm my bed~ wouldn’t you?
No, not really. The scitzo is kind of off putting, and rudeness isn't that attractive. And I don't quite have reason to want to see you drop dead suddenly.
>>
No. 546629 ID: dbbfc7

>>546626
You got it all wrong man! Because he fate wants him to stay single he must hit on every chick he encounters. Eventually he will encounter the one destiny had meant for him, or someone tough enough to take a crossbow to the head.

So tell the spook chick that you would need to have dinner with her before you can make any judgement on the dwarfs decision.
Then see if fate has her stumble through the window and fall to her death.
>>
No. 546630 ID: 7bbaae

>>546625
Jericho, tell her bad things happen to people who want to date you. Also you kindof can't even see her face right now.

Shadow, Ilbir is already here so there's no point in hiding your identity anymore. Kindly tell us who you are. Or is Shadow your real name?
>>
No. 546634 ID: 041c8f

um... Strange figure in the darkness some one. Its kinda creepy.

BEHIND THE MUMMY!!!

Oh Jericho if you want to get back at her a little you might mention that you can still do that bedroom stuff. The mummification process left you quite functional in that department.

Not necessarily saying you want to go there, but she might get a little mental smack in the face that you have feelings. If you can't do it now, you should at the first opportune moment.
>>
No. 546639 ID: b3ca75
File 138359255488.png - (24.99KB , 900x450 , 44.png )
546639

>Oh and uh... ok shadow? what do you want us to call the two of you, like the one that is currently hitting on the mummy and the one who is being surprisingly quiet during all of this?
:ShadowRUST: (We’re both the Shadow! It’s just that she does the driving when we’re the shadow and I drive when we’re the p- hush!)
>The scitzo is kind of off putting, and rudeness isn't that attractive. Also we kind of can't even see your face right now.
:ShadowRUST: (The “scitzo” is only notable on the inside… besides, who cares about the inside when my outside is so… perfect?~ Such sensual curves… such voluptuous hips… how can you possibly say no?~ Mom used to say that I have a face that will break a thousand men’s hearts…)
>Ilbir, you may want to revisit the rules on to what extent your servant is bound to obey others
:IlbirRUST: (He’s only supposed to take commands from me, the palace staff and Kranhon… and Tera, of course. I don’t know how she can command him.)

>Bad things happen to people who want to date Jericho.
:ShadowRUST: Date him? He’s a servant! And dead!
:IlbirRUST: Don’t take it personally, servant, she’s just trying to rub her own ego.
:JerichoRUSTED: …well, this is all great for my self-esteem.
>Fate seems to like to see him single or something.
:ShadowRUST: Then he’s in a bit lucky, isn’t he? A servant is not going to get a girl, especially an undead one.
>Oh Jericho if you want to get back at her a little you might mention that you can still do that bedroom stuff.
:JerichoRUSTED: …you know… I can still do the bedroom stuff… If you aren’t afraid to get the mummies curse~
:ShadowRUST: Well, at least someone appreciate how hot I am… maybe if you were alive, Servant… now the only thing you’re good for is being a chair.
>Shadow, Ilbir is already here so there's no point in hiding your identity anymore. Kindly tell us who you are.
:ShadowRUST: Oh? And you think I want him to know who I am?
:IlbirRUST: Well, I would want to know who you are… but you aren’t going to tell me, right?

>There is someone or something suddenly behind you.
:JerichoRUSTED: Where?
:IlbirRUST: Here, let me light the room up a bit… hmm, nothing there?
:ShadowRUST: Enough of this. Get me my bonus already… oh, and servant? Get on your knees, I need somewhere to sit.
:IlbirRUST: Please don’t use my servant as a chair, that’s just… tacky. And I’ll give you the whole bottle if you leave at once. I really need to get back to bed wh- to sleep.
:ShadowRUST: Oh? You have company? No wonder you didn’t want me~
:IlbirRUST: …you know what, leave. You can come and get the bottle tomorrow… while the sun is still up! Now be gone before I call the guards!
:ShadowRUST: Hmm… you’re hiding something… and who would want to sleep with a dwarf anyway? …but very well, I’m leaving. See you later, shorty.
:IlbirRUST: Ugh… now I really need a drink… Servant, make sure she doesn’t come back… or that anyone else comes up to this floor, for that matter. I need some privacy…

Insert A face as pale as the moon_
>>
No. 546640 ID: d2b9fe

>He’s only supposed to take commands from me, the palace staff and Kranhon
Then obviously the shadow's alter ego counts as one of those.

>nobody there
There's totally someone (or something) behind Jericho. First appear in this panel by the desk >>546609 and then advances here >>546625 and here >>546639.

Pale mostly featureless face? Dark clothes? (Robe?) Maybe some kind of skeleton, or phantom, or someone who just likes creepy masks.
>>
No. 546641 ID: dbe554

There is something creepy, white faced, and with an anguished face of pain just behind the mummy, also give him the order to move because I think her command is still in effect.
>>
No. 546642 ID: 9ddf68

I see it. I wonder if this one can control people's minds like the last ghost we faced?
>>
No. 546643 ID: 7bbaae

Jericho you better insist the whole room be lighted up because I am not keen on you getting stabbed tonight.
>>
No. 546647 ID: b3ca75
File 138359880495.png - (23.97KB , 900x450 , 45.png )
546647

>Then obviously the shadow's alter ego counts as one of those.
:IlbirRUST: Well, it can’t be me… and it can’t be Kranhon because he’s a mantis… bah, I’m going to bed. Goodnight.
>There's totally someone (or something) behind Jericho.
:JerichoRUSTED: No… no one here… but hey, my glow crystal thingy is much more effective now that I’m dead… at least there some positive things about this! But I guess I’ll continue reading some books until dawn. Goodnight, voices… err… wait, do you guys even sleep? Hmm…
>>
No. 546648 ID: b3ca75
File 138359881744.png - (18.55KB , 900x450 , 46.png )
546648

DAWN OF A NEW DAY!

:IlbirRUST: Servant, I got a task for you. Here’s a list and some crows. Get everything on the list done before sundown. We need to be ready when our expedition leaves later today. …oh, and if there’s any crows over, buy yourself something nice. Whatever you want. Now, git! Oh… and… err… can you give this to Kranhon? He forgot it here when he was here yesterday. You should be able to find him just by… you know… feeling… or whatever you servants do…

[You receive 200 crows, list of stuff to do, a bill and mysterious bag!]

List: The abridged version.
- Pick up food.
- Pick up weapons.
- Pay mercs.
- Pick up Spirits.
- Give Servant bill to sultan.
- Give “mysterious bag” to Kranhon.
Time remaining: ...like nine hours… so no rush.

Insert Time to go shopping_
>>
No. 546649 ID: dbbfc7

Time to dick around and see what cool stuff you can do with your new body!
Try cursing someone or something! Try lifting something really heavy! Try turning into sand! The sky is the limit!
>>
No. 546651 ID: 7bbaae

What's this "pick up Spirits"?

Oh, Jericho, if your glowstone works better now that you're undead, I expect you may have a greater affinity for magic in general now. Maybe you should try picking up a book of spells to see if you're suddenly a mage.

Hey, how about we pull up a map to see what the most efficient route is? Also if we have to worry about thieves at all, we should probably go pay people before heading to the shopping district. The less money carried at that point the better.
>>
No. 546652 ID: 9ddf68

some quick questions, is there any type of food you want us to pick up, what type of weapons do you want us to grab (would you prefer we get mostly ranged weapons like bows and arrows, melee weapons, use our best judgement, or what), and where can we find the mercs? I mean we don't have to take orders form them so we can't really sense where the hell they are.

other then that does this guy have any atlases or maps of the city around so we can get an idea of where everything is before we head. Hell if we have some time left after all the shopping maybe we could see the blind chick again. Oh and is 200 crowns really enough to buy weapons for the whole party or are we just picking one up for ourselves?
>>
No. 546653 ID: d2b9fe

Start with the deliveries and payments, so you can unload stuff. Then you can see about going around and collecting things.
>>
No. 546657 ID: 279f18

>>546649
>what cool stuff you can do with your new body!

Be lizard flavored jerky. Seriously he's practically a skeleton in salted leather.
>>
No. 546658 ID: dbe554

>>546651

Alcohol. Spirits, Wine, drinks. ETC he wants drinky drinky.
>>
No. 546659 ID: c23ab0

What's in the bag?
>>
No. 546722 ID: b3ca75
File 138367958073.png - (21.87KB , 900x450 , 47.png )
546722

>Try cursing someone or something!
Well, I should curse everyone… Fuck everyone! …wait, did you mean curse as in a swear word, or the other curse? Because I’m pretty sure I can’t do the other curse thingy.
>Try turning into sand!
…why sand? Why should a guy made out of toilet paper be able to turn into sand? …wait, would that make it sandpaper? Ow… that pun was so terrible that even my brain tried to commit suicide.
>Be lizard flavored jerky. Seriously he's practically a skeleton in salted leather.
…must… resist… urge… to… nibble… on… self. Must… speak… with… a… lot… of… dots… dot… dot… dot…
>Try lifting something really heavy!
*Hhnngg!* …ugh… I’m no stronger than before…

>Maybe you should try picking up a book of spells to see if you're suddenly a mage.
I don’t think you can buy magic down in the corner shop, you know. It’s all genetics and stuff… so I’m probably not a mage… and even if I was, I would be an ice mage. These guys only know about fire magic…
>Some quick questions…
Everything is on the list. What I should buy, where the mercs are, what I should pay them… oh, and I got the map in my head… Thanks to the whole magic runes in my dried up brain thingy… wait, do I still even have a brain?
>Maybe we could see the blind chick again.
…That would be nice, yes…
>What's in the bag?
Oh, the suspense is killing me… It’s… dun dun dun… It’s... just some coins. It’s probably his wallet… oh, wait, there’s one of those lockets you have pictures in… you know, that you have around your neck.

>Start with the deliveries and payments, so you can unload stuff.
I’ll start with delivering the bill to the Sultan… I’m in his palace already, so…

:GuardRUST: The Sultan is busy and won’t see anyone for the moment! Especially not a servant.
:JerichoRUSTED: But I need to deliver this to him!
:GuardRUST: Give it to the Dapir, Ilbir.
:JerichoRUSTED: But he’s the one who sent me!
:GuardRUST: Though luck, Servant.

Insert Be as unhelpful as possible_
>>
No. 546725 ID: d2b9fe

>I’m pretty sure I can’t do the other curse thingy.
Mummy curses tend not to be an at will thing, anyways. Someone would have to disturb your tomb, or desecrate or destroy your body to trigger one.

>wait, do I still even have a brain?
...proooobaly not. They tend to take those out with a spoon. Through your nose.

>Unhelpful guards
Ask the guard: How does paperwork normally reach the sultan then, if humble message delivering servants aren't allowed to see him? Is there a time of day where he does receive messages, or does he have a mailbox, or...?
>>
No. 546726 ID: 7bbaae

>>546722
Oh hey it's Shadow over there, as her day job. Maybe ask if she can help you out.
>>
No. 546729 ID: c23ab0

He's busy. I suppose he's not normally busy and you can deliver stuff as ordered. So instead of stumbling upon the sultan doing something dangerous and diabolical you can just walk right out of there and back to-

Wait, what happens to your control spell if you get conflicting orders from citizen/masters? This guard just ordered you to do the exact opposite of what Ilbir ordered you to do.
>>
No. 546730 ID: 020db6

>>546722
Huh, does that locket look anything like yours?
>>
No. 546731 ID: d2b9fe

Man this country has phallic iconography. They really gotta stick that mushroom flag everywhere?
>>
No. 546734 ID: b3ca75
File 138368723031.png - (21.80KB , 900x450 , 48.png )
546734

>Man this country has phallic iconography. They really gotta stick that mushroom flag everywhere?
I think that’s supposed to be a hammer… and of course they got to have phallic imagery. Just look at all those towers with knobs on the end… hell, the whole mountain this city is built on has a giant wiener sticking out of it!
>Huh, does that locket look anything like yours?
Not really. It’s made of silver, not crappy bronze like mine… and mine isn’t shaped like a heart either.
>Wait, what happens to your control spell if you get conflicting orders from citizen/masters?
…apparently nothing. I still need to deliver the bill; I just can’t disturb the Sultan right now.

>Ask the guard: How does paperwork normally reach the sultan then, if humble message delivering servants aren't allowed to see him?
:GuardRUST: I’ve already told you, the Dapir is the one who keep tracks on the paperwork. But if the message is from the Dapir himself… well, then you just have to wait for the Sultan to be less busy.
>Oh hey it's Shadow over there, as her day job. Maybe ask if she can help you out.
:JerichoRUSTED: Excuse me…
:ElizahRUST: Hmm? Oh, greetings, Era’til, how can I aid you? …wait, aren’t you Ilbir’s new assistant? The mummy?
:JerichoRUSTED: Yes. Yes, I am. Um… we met yesterday, didn’t we?
:ElizahRUST: …we did? Are you certain? I think I would be able to remember meeting such a handsome Era’til…
:JerichoRUSTED: Shadow?
:ElizahRUST: …I beg your pardon?
:JerichoRUSTED: Never mind, sorry for wasting your time like that… um… actually, if I may ask, I need to deliver this to the sultan but… well…
:ElizahRUST: …I guess I can forward it to mother when she gets the time. It wouldn’t be a problem.
:JerichoRUSTED: …thank you, I guess?

…why is she so beautiful?

Insert Absolutely, definitely not the Shadow_
>>
No. 546736 ID: 6924b8

We're done here, let's go to the next thing on the list, shall we?
>>
No. 546738 ID: 7bbaae

>>546734
Yep. That's the same lizard as last night, alright. Her job starts with p, since she's the princess. Wanna bet her name starts with El? (it does, since it's Elizah) Go ahead and hand her the paperwork. She's trustworthy. Also don't blow her cover.

Elizah: Hi again. Don't worry, we won't blow your cover. For now.
>>
No. 546739 ID: d2b9fe

>Era’til
Huh. Wonder why your language upgrade doesn't translate that.

>Insert Absolutely, definitely not the Shadow_
We're not inserting anything into shadow or not shadow, pervy command text.
>>
No. 546747 ID: 76b151

You know the banners kinda remind me of mushroom clouds, I wonder if they have magical nukes or something like that.
>>
No. 546754 ID: 279f18

>>546747
For something to be a nuke it'd have to be kinda nuclear... I doubt this culture in it's present tense even knows what that is.

It's a hammer.

Anyway... That's one chore down.

Can you determine where Kranhon is? We could maybe knock several more chores along the way as we go to him.
>>
No. 546760 ID: d315b1

>>546747
Would also explain how this desert formed, and possibly even the source of the rust.
>>
No. 546761 ID: 9ddf68

go with whatever job is closest next. would make since that the shadow is royalty. I mean if this job dwarf man wants to pull is political then she'd have tons off information on who's doing what and it would explain why she could control you last night, she's royalty.
>>
No. 546835 ID: b3ca75
File 138375079976.png - (21.62KB , 900x450 , 49.png )
546835

>Elizah: Hi again. Don't worry, we won't blow your cover. For now.
…She didn’t even react to you talking.
>Huh. Wonder why your language upgrade doesn't translate that.
Because it’s a name… the name of my people…
>Yep. That's the same lizard as last night, alright. Her job starts with p, since she's the princess. Wanna bet her name starts with El?
I don’t know… she… she feels different…

>Go ahead and hand her the paperwork. She's trustworthy.
:ElizahRUST: I’ll personally make sure mother sees this, don’t you worry. Now, take care.
>Can you determine where Kranhon is?
I think he’s by the temple on the other side of the plaza… you know, the place where I woke up yesterday and met Tera… I should he-
:ElizahRUST: Um… one more thing before you leave, Era’til, can I ask you for a favor? …um… a favor that you must promise not to tell about to mother… or anyone else for that matter… can you please help me, Era’til?
:JerichoRUSTED: Err…

…holy crap, she’s doing puppy dog eyes…

>We're not inserting anything into shadow or not shadow, pervy command text.
Insert phallic iconography into the shadows back slot to win the jackpot_
>>
No. 546837 ID: fc937d

>favor
I won't tell anyone, er, so long as no one uses my runes to compel me to, and I'd like to help you.

(...chose your language carefully here. Note I didn't actually agree to help her yet. Just stated I would like to. Never agree to anything without knowing what it is, especially when you're under a magical compulsion to obey).
>>
No. 546839 ID: 5a203f

what does she want?
>>
No. 546846 ID: 7bbaae

>>546835
Hmm. It seems that her multiple personality thing interferes with our connection. I don't think we can speak to her at all during the day. That makes me a bit nervous actually.

Ask her why she doesn't just order you around.
>>
No. 546847 ID: b3ca75
File 138376168798.png - (22.27KB , 900x450 , 50.png )
546847

>I won't tell anyone, er, so long as no one uses my runes to compel me to, and I'd like to help you.
:ElizahRUST: Then promise!
:JerichoRUSTED: …I promise I won’t tell anyone.
:ElizahRUST: …thank you. If you wish to help me, take this receipt and give it to the caravan master. He should give you a package addressed to… err… a fake name. Then deliver it to my room... I’ll make sure you’ll have access to my room. Oh, and please keep the package closed at all times…
:JerichoRUSTED: That wouldn’t be too difficult… I’ll help you.
:ElizahRUST: You can’t even imagine what this means to me! You have my deepest gratitude, Era’til… oh, and I’ll leave some crows in my room for you, for the trouble.
>Ask her why she doesn't just order you around.
:JerichoRUSTED: …forgive me, but can I ask you why you didn’t just order me to do this?
:ElizahRUST: ...because that would be wrong… I want you to make your own choices. It doesn’t matter if you’re an Era’til or a Serathian, you’re still a living person… err… undead person. You have the right to make up your own mind.
:JerichoRUSTED: …thank you for acknowledging me as a person.
:ElizahRUST: I hope that you won’t have to thank me for something like that in the future… now, please be careful out there. Farwell, Era’til.

...so, I just got a new mission objective. Let’s see… what should I do first? Deliver the wallet to Kranhon, the mantis who KILLED me? Or maybe I should go see Tera in the temple… I got plenty of time and she probably needs someone to help her with her… um… eye problem. …or maybe… maybe I should hurry to the caravan leader and get that package as soon as possible… I really want to see her happy… *sigh* …wait, what’s this warm fuzzy feeling I’m fe- oh, come on. I’m dead! I’m supposed to be emotionless! Dammit!

Insert Why do birds suddenly appear?_
>>
No. 546848 ID: dbe554

Being dead never meant you were emotionless, you felt fear, you felt excitement. If you didn't have emotions you'd just be an autonomous machine without the ability to care.
>>
No. 546849 ID: 7bbaae

>>546847
Let. The dating sim. BEGIN. But seriously she probably has some sort of magical gear making her extra beautiful. Try to snap out of it, man- don't stick your dick in crazy.

Let's go see Kranhon. He felt bad about killing you, actually, and a bit of closure can't help.
>>
No. 546850 ID: fc937d

>package for fake now
No problem, Shadow.

>what next
I continue to think dropping off stuff so we don't have to carry it around is the best plan of action.

Meaning yeah, you probably get to go make Mr. Mantis Murderer feel uncomfortable.

>I’m supposed to be emotionless!
Nope. That's not in the brochure. Sorry, you're undead, not a robot.
>>
No. 546854 ID: b3ca75
File 138376652834.png - (20.58KB , 900x450 , 51.png )
546854

>But seriously she probably has some sort of magical gear making her extra beautiful.
That has to be it… no one can be that beautiful.
>Don't stick your dick in crazy.
Even if I wanted to, I don’t expect I will be able to. She’s a princesses, I’m an undead sla- servant.

>Let's go see Kranhon. Go make Mr. Mantis Murderer feel uncomfortable.
:KranhonRUST: Good work, people! Keep it up and there will be something special for you at dinner tonight! …um… Sir, c-can I get an early leave? I just remember I forgot to give someone something very important.
:UriRUST: Wait for your shift to be over, Mantis. No one get out of work early today.
:KranhonRUST: B-but-
:UriRUST: Get back to work, Kran!
:KranhonRUST: Yes, ma’am…

Insert Pro tip: Inserting the letter D into the letter C might be hazardous to your health_
>>
No. 546856 ID: fc937d

Oh, look. It's the skeleton bitch who ordered your death, mister murder mantis, and your dead pal too. It's a full on awkwardness reunion.

...wait, if she's a skeleton, why does she have breasts?

>and there will be something special for you at dinner tonight!
...assuming you're still alive enough to eat!
>>
No. 546859 ID: 322908

It's that guy with the mask again!
>>
No. 546860 ID: dbe554

>>546856

It's probably part of the armor for females.

Also, say HI! Be all passive aggressive about your death, make him feel as uncomfortable as you want.
>>
No. 546861 ID: 9ddf68

hey if you look to the left most stall it there's a guy there who looks like he's wearing the same kind of mask of they guy we saw spying on you last night after shadow left. And some guy in blue on top of the roof. Also just give the thing to the bug and say it's from Ilbir.
>>
No. 546864 ID: b3ca75
File 138377028180.png - (20.00KB , 900x450 , 52.png )
546864

>It's that guy with the mask again!
Where!?
>...wait, if she's a skeleton, why does she have breasts?
…I don’t know.
>...assuming you're still alive enough to eat!
I’m pretty sure ghouls still eat… at least they do in myths… Besides, he’s addressing more than one servant, most of which are still alive.

>Be all passive aggressive about your death.
:JerichoRUSTED: Hello, Kran…
:KranhonRUST: Hmm? What is it, servant? …wait; you’re that mummy Ilbir bought. D-did he send a message?
:JerichoRUSTED: You forgot this at his place.
:KranhonRUST: I did? …oh, crap, he didn’t look inside it, did he!?
:JerichoRUSTED: I don’t know.
:KranhonRUST: …and he d-didn’t say anything? No message or…?
:JerichoRUSTED: No…
:KranhonRUST: …oh. Thank you for bringing this to me, servant.
:JerichoRUSTED: *Glare*
:KranhonRUST: …what?
:JerichoRUSTED: *Death Glare*
:KranhonRUST: W-what is it? Do I have something stuck in my mandibles?

Insert Skeletal boobies are best bo- you know what. That’s too far even for me_
>>
No. 546865 ID: d315b1

>>546864
He probably can't recognize you due to your mummification.

If you really want to fuck with him, you could unwrap your face.
>>
No. 546867 ID: fc937d

Enough glaring, move on. Maybe say hi to Adil, there.
>>
No. 546868 ID: dbe554

>>546865

I doubt he could, it's soul binding linen.

Just say you can still remember when he cut your throat, like a 'murdering savage' and that you are disappointed anyone could be such a horrid savage when they live such a good life in a wonderful area that isn't starved of water.
>>
No. 546884 ID: 7bbaae

>>546864
Just flatly say "You killed me." Maybe ask what was in the locket.

Also, it looks like the weird-faced guy turned into that guy with a turban. Creepy.
>>
No. 546887 ID: b3ca75
File 138377519851.png - (20.41KB , 900x450 , 53.png )
546887

>If you really want to fuck with him, you could unwrap your face.
I can’t intentionally damage my masters’ property, and that includes me.
>ask what was in the locket.
:KranhonRUST: None of your business, Servant. It’s for someone special, that’s all you need to know.
>Just say you can still remember when he cut your throat.
:JerichoRUSTED: Oh, I’m just thinking back at that one time when you cold heartedly cut my throat for a crime I didn’t commit.
:KranhonRUST: …wait, that was you!?
:JerichoRUSTED: What, you don’t recognize me when I’m not bleeding to death? Maybe I should get on my knees and plead for mercy, would that help?
:KranhonRUST: Well, err…
:JerichoRUSTED: And here I thought the “savages” was living outside the city!
:KranhonRUST: It was nothing personal, alright? I was just following orders. If it makes you feel better my superior Uri, the skeleton lady, got her ass spanked because she killed you two without any proof… um… she wasn’t literally spanked… err… you get the idea.
:JerichoRUSTED: …strangely, it doesn’t make me feel any better at all. In fact, this whole conservation just makes me feel pathetic, thinking I would feel better taking out some arbitrary revenge against you…
:KranhonRUST: …now you’re making me feel bad.
:JerichoRUSTED: Yes, just as planne- I mean, I’m sorry to hear that.
:KranhonRUST: …right. So if it wasn’t anything else, servant, goodbye.

>Say hi to Adil, there.
:JerichoRUSTED: Adil?
:AdilRUSTED: Oh, Jericho! Here I thought you were a goner! …a mummy, huh? …and nice new clothes? Aren’t you lucky.
:JerichoRUSTED: Um… well…
:AdilRUSTED: Let me guess, some rich widow bought you for some extra “help”?
:JerichoRUSTED: Actually, I was bought by a dwarf who need help with a lot of paperwork.
:AdilRUSTED: …a sexy dwarf? …and sexy paperwo-
:JerichoRUSTED: A male human dwarf and boring paperwork.
:AdilRUSTED: Still better than this… of course, you were always a bit more moral then me…
:JerichoRUSTED: …what does that have to do with anything?
:AdilRUSTED: I’ve been thinking… maybe we deserve this? Maybe this is a punishment from the gods for our deeds. I haven’t been the most moral of people haven’t I? As I see it, this is a penance… besides, the grub here is awesome and the water isn’t all crunchy!
:JerichoRUSTED: …um… you know I’m not a paragon of good either. Once I murdered a slaver child for some clothes and water.
:AdilRUSTED: Well, I cut the throat of a slaver child just to hear him choke on his own blood… so I’m still the worst!
:JerichoRUSTED: …do you have to make everything into a competition… man… now I feel awful… and sad…
:AdilRUSTED: I don’t, because I know the gods will forgive me when I’m done here!

Insert When in Reno…_
>>
No. 546889 ID: 9ddf68

well wasn't that just pleasant to hear? So what do they have him doing around here? Also what's left on the list, we should probably get that done sooner rather then later if you want to have enough time to see your blind friend before the day is out.
>>
No. 546890 ID: fc937d

...well, if you're looking for redemption, the first step is probably no longer being proud of being the worst.

Anyways. Now that we're done making yourself and other people feel bad. On the next delivery. I believe you have some mercs to pay?
>>
No. 546891 ID: 7bbaae

>>546887
No they won't. Not unless he does something truly selfless. Simple manual labor is penance for minor offenses. Let's avoid Adil from now on. Of course, you're a bit scummy too but eh, desperate times... and you're in a better position to do something heroic.

Go ask that turban guy who he is and why he's following you.
>>
No. 546892 ID: dbe554

Well, it's not a bad thought to pay penance for deeds one has committed, so long as one makes sure to take the right lesson from it.
>>
No. 546895 ID: 322908

>>546892
Unless those thoughts have been planted in his head, magically or otherwise.
>>
No. 546897 ID: 6924b8

Leeet's not talk to the black-wearing fanatic guy eh? I think it's fairly clear he's not going to be useful, unless we wind up in his head, then we can hilariously scramble to work with him, but I digress.
>>
No. 546944 ID: dbe554

>>546897

He's about as fanatical as Jericho was, he just didn't get helpful lessons from us.

He's still a friend, so we should try and help him
>>
No. 546947 ID: c23ab0

OK granted you had to get food and water, but doesn't that make you actually guilty of the crime that the mantis er, executed you for? I still don't see why you would get executed over something as innocent as baby killing.
>>
No. 546979 ID: b3ca75
File 138383898661.png - (23.68KB , 900x450 , 54.png )
546979

>So what do they have him doing around here?
It looks like he and about ten other servants are repairing the Temple wall… even though it looked whole yesterday. It’s a waste of resources if you ask me.
>OK granted you had to get food and water, but doesn't that make you actually guilty of the crime that the mantis er, executed you for?
Well… I wasn’t guilty for the crime he killed me for… but yes, I’m still guilty for something else. In my defense, I didn’t think they were people back then. I know better now.
>He's still a friend, so we should try and help him.
…I don’t know how I can. He’s always been a coward like this, never willing to face his own mistakes.

>...well, if you're looking for redemption, the first step is probably no longer being proud of being the worst.
:JerichoRUSTED: The gods will not forgive you before you actually feel guilty.
:AdilRUSTED: …you think so? But… I’m doing my penance, aren’t I?
:JerichoRUSTED: A bit of manual labor isn’t enough to wash away your sins.
:AdilRUSTED: …m-maybe… maybe you’re right…

>Go ask that turban guy who he is and why he's following you.
:UnknownKAK: Following you? Why would I follow a servant around? No, I’ve been manning this booth all morning. Why do you ask?
:JerichoRUSTED: I’ve seen that turban of yours everywhere.
:UnknownKAK: Oh, it’s the newest in the line of fashion. Everyone will wear one of these soon! Don’t you like it?
:JerichoRUSTED: Yeah, sure, it’s lovely. It looks like wizened ordure.
:UnknownKAK: Glad you think so… want to buy some dried apricots?

>On the next delivery.
Well, I’m already on the plaza, so I guess I can buy the food Ilbir wanted.
[You lost 20 crows! You gained FOOD!]

Hmm… I think the smith with the Weapons I was supposed to buy is the closest… lets head there.

:UnknownKAK: Ach! Welcome, Servant. If ya are here to pick up an order your bastard of a master have made, ya bloody well need to tell me his name, show proof of ownership and make the payment. Remember, ah can’t sell weapons to servants without some bloody supervision, ya little sod.
:JerichoRUSTED: Err… right. Here’s my proof of ownersh- wait, did you say I can’t buy the weapons without supervision?
:UnknownKAK: Blood and thunder! Don’t ya bastards ever get it into ya thick head!? No! Bloody hell no!
:JerichoRUSTED: …well, ordure!

Insert I wonder if he farts thunderbolts_
Can’t post new character portraits for some reason…
>>
No. 546980 ID: fc937d

Geeze, that center window is not helping any with this country's phallic imagery problem.

>can't sell weapons to an unsupervised servant
Unusual paranoia, considering you were already magically bound not to be able to use them on people.

Go hep Tera, next, I think. After we've helped her with her stuff, she can be our supervision.
>>
No. 546989 ID: dbe554

Plus there's a chance you'll buy a weapon, set it up somewhere that it could easily get off center, and then suddenly the weapon falls and goes into somebody's skull.
>>
No. 546995 ID: e9e331

Oh for the love of, sigh. Ok then let's get the mercs out of the way and go see if we can't find our blind friend and get her to help us with the last of this stuff.
>>
No. 546996 ID: 7bbaae

>>546979
Um... what counts as supervision? Do you have to be escorted all the way back to where you're delivering the weapons?
>>
No. 547005 ID: b3ca75
File 138385663134.png - (14.02KB , 900x450 , 55.png )
547005

>Geez, that center window is not helping any with this country's phallic imagery problem.
That’s not a window, it’s a giant hammer on the wall… but yeah, they are probably compensating for something.

>Unusual paranoia, considering you were already magically bound not to be able to use them on people.
:UnknownKAK: Some bloody git bought weapons with some stolen crows without it’s masters knowledge and gave it to those savage bastards ah few years back.
>What counts as supervision?
:UnknownKAK: Any sod who can give ya orders has to be here when you pay for the bloody weapons, mate.
:JerichoRUSTED: …you really like to say bloody a lot…
:UnknownKAK: ‘bloody hell I do!

>Go help Tera, next, I think. After we've helped her with her stuff, she can be our supervision.
:JerichoRUSTED: Tera?
:TeraRUST: Oh? My little pebble is coming to visit? What a nice surprise~
:JerichoRUSTED: So… need any help?
:TeraRUST: Nope.
:JerichoRUSTED: Well then, that was easy.
:TeraRUST: Actually, if you aren’t doing anything important… care to take a walk with me? We can go anywhere you like… it’s just so boring being stuck in the temple all day… Oh, and I almost forgot to ask. How is it? Does Ilbir take good care for you? I’m worried that you won’t enjoy it here, little pebble…

Insert Wanted: The smith’s portrait. Dead or alive_
>>
No. 547007 ID: fc937d

>murdering loophole!
Moral: there are ways around your orders and compulsions, if you're clever enough to find them, and if you have reason to.

>how is it
Uh, it's all right, I suppose. Certainly better than I expected. And Ilbir's been fair to me so far.

Let's take her for a walk, and we can ask her to be your supervision after.
>>
No. 547030 ID: 7bbaae

My impression is you would quite like to spend more time with her. Am I right? You can go ahead and say that, I don't see any issues with that.

As for how you've been treated... well, he said you can spend any leftover money on yourself. That's a point in his favor.
>>
No. 547031 ID: dbe554

Well it's certainly not the expected torture in undeath that you'd expected. Also remember to ask her for help a bit.
>>
No. 547035 ID: 9ddf68

sure go for the walk, ask her how her day's been and maybe dig to see what she does in the temple all day. I'm kinda curios to what happens in a place that rises the dead seeing how most places like this we've seen in the past where usually burn down to it's foundations if discovered.
Oh and ask if she could help you with a favor in retrieving the weapons, say you'll owe her one.
>>
No. 547037 ID: 7bbaae

>>547005
Oh right she asked you where you wanted to go. Uh.

Well, aside from the errands to the blacksmith and mercs I'm not sure where else we can go that's interesting. She could suggest something?
>>
No. 547076 ID: b3ca75
File 138392293226.png - (19.60KB , 900x450 , 56.png )
547076

>Moral: there are ways around your orders and compulsions, if you're clever enough to find them, and if you have reason to.
Hmm, this would be a great thing to keep in mind, wouldn’t it?
>My impression is you would quite like to spend more time with her. Am I right?
Well… yes. She’s… um… she’s the only who seems to actually care for me… I’ve never really had anyone else care for me like this… it… it feels nice…

>Let's take her for a walk, and we can ask her to be your supervision.
:JerichoRUSTED: Of course I’ll walk with you. Somewhere in particular you want to go… oh, and can I do some errands on the way?
:TeraRUST: Of course you can, it’s more interesting than just walking around blindly, right? But you have to take me to the park on the east side to make up for it… it’s always nice to listen to the birds there, you know…
:JerichoRUSTED: Alright, I’ll take you to the park, Tera… and can you do me a favor? I need “supervision” when I pay for some weapons Ilbir wants.
:TeraRUST: No problem.

>It's certainly not the expected torture in undeath that you'd expected.
:JerichoRUSTED: …it’s actually quite nice not needing to worry how you should survive the day… or just the situation all the time…
:TeraRUST: That’s good to hear, little pebble…
>Ask her how her day's been and maybe dig to see what she does in the temple all day.
:TeraRUST: Today? …well, I haven’t really been awake long before you came… I mean, it’s barley lunch time. As what I do in the temple… well, I’ve mostly been training and studying to be able to bring people back to life. I’ve also done some other more minor things the temple needs doing… like for example, I’m going to be in Ilbir’s expedition tonight… in case he finds something interesting in the ruins he’s going to explore. …wait, where are we?
:JerichoRUSTED: In the lower quarters? It was the shortest way to just go through the alleyways here to get to the park… we’ll even pass by the mercenary guild where I have an errant.
:TeraRUST: You’re supposed to go around! It’s dangerous to go through these alleyways… we can be robbed!
:JerichoRUSTED: Really? I… I didn’t actually know that… but what are the chances that w-
:ThugRUST: Give me all your stuff or we’ll slice and dice ya, meat.
:TeraRUST: A blind person and someone who can’t fight back is quite a big target, you know…

Insert Save me Batman!_
>>
No. 547078 ID: fc937d

>someone who can’t fight back
...seems to me that fighting off assailants or robbers is something we should be allowed to do. Allowing them to threaten or endanger Tera is a first law violation, after all. Allowing them to threaten or endanger yourself puts your master's property at risk. And surrendering the property you're carrying to thieves is also allowing damage to come to your master's property.

I say the appropriate course of action is to pretend to comply, so as to get yourself closer to them (and them further from Tera) and then use a lifetime of fighting dirty and doing whatever you have to to survive to teach these water-fat townie softlings a lesson in pain.
>>
No. 547079 ID: 322908

I see masked people.

you're outnumbered and unarmed, so the best idea would be to bolt when you can. I say you knock the guy behind you backwards over that bit of pottery, grab Tera and run, throwing something at that other guy if he pursues.
>>
No. 547080 ID: dbe554

Ask her to give you an order to fight, if that should be sufficient enough.
>>
No. 547083 ID: b3ca75
File 138392795576.png - (20.07KB , 900x450 , 57.png )
547083

>The best idea would be to bolt when you can.
I don’t think I can outrun them… especially if I have to carry Tera with me.
>I see masked people.
Their armor looks way too expensive for some petty thugs… and they have matching clothing to. Hmm… mercenaries? …or maybe a gang?
>...seems to me that fighting off assailants or robbers is something we should be allowed to do.
I can fight them, but I can’t kill them. I don’t think Tera knows that I can fight… nor do they, so I got surprise on my side.

>I say the appropriate course of action is to pretend to comply, so as to get yourself closer to them (and them further from Tera) and then use a lifetime of fighting dirty and doing whatever you have to survive to teach these water-fat townie softlings a lesson in pain.
…I don’t think I can get them away from Tera… but… but it’s worth a try.
:JerichoRUSTED: Very well. Here, let me give you some jewels…
*Le kick*
:Thug2RUST: Oh gods, right in the jewels!!
:JerichoRUSTED: …and an urn to keep your eyes on.
*Le whatever the sound a vase makes when it’s crashing into a lizards skull*
:Thug2RUST: Oh gods, right in the eyes!!
:ThugRUST: Alright, that’s enough. Give me the stuff or the lady gets it!
:TeraRUST: Jericho…
:Thug2RUST: Why does everything look like blood?

Insert I’ll be back_
>>
No. 547084 ID: a82ca9

You know, freezing people solid isn't technically lethal...
>>
No. 547085 ID: fc937d

Bluff time.

You do realize that's a member of the temple you're threatening, right? Piss them off, and they'll have you hunted down and killed, and then raise your corpse and set about making you suffer slowly for the rest of eternity.

Besides, if you harm my mistress, then I'm allowed to go into revenge mode. *Make creepiest mummy face possible*. Wanna see what happens when I'm not bound by runes to play nice?
>>
No. 547093 ID: dbe554

Actually considering we are owned by the second in command to the Sultan, if they harm the second's property and friend they would possibly get the sultanate guard on them. Tell them this.
>>
No. 547095 ID: 9ddf68

Ok the mask people on the freaking rafter/balcony thing is growing for those who care

Also, what to do. Take out the money but drop it at your feet like you're clumsy or something and when you go to pick it up grab a handful of sand and throw it into the thug's eyes, then when he's blinded throw a haymaker straight to his nose.
>>
No. 547100 ID: b3ca75
File 138393405920.png - (20.39KB , 900x450 , 58.png )
547100

>You know, freezing people solid isn't technically lethal...
If only I could freeze people…

>Considering we are owned by the second in command to the Sultan, if they harm the second's property and friend they would possibly get the sultanate guard on them.
:ThugRUST: We’re already wanted men with bounties on our heads. If they haven’t found us so far, they aren’t going to find us now.
>Take out the money but drop it at your feet like you're clumsy or something and when you go to pick it up grab a handful of sand and throw it into the thug's eyes.
:JerichoRUSTED: Alright… here’s your mon- wops. Err… let me just ge-
:ThugRUST: No you don’t. Hey, D, get the money.
:Thug2RUST: Let me just… get the blood out of my eyes…

>Ok the mask people on the freaking rafter/balcony thing is growing for those who care.
:ThaarkRUST: Sorry to interrupt but, did you say you were wanted?
:ThugRUST: Wha- where did you come from!?
:ThaarkRUST: Do you happened to know if you’re worth more dead or alive? ...actually, bringing you in alive is a bit of a chore….
>>
No. 547101 ID: b3ca75
File 138393408016.png - (21.13KB , 900x450 , 59.png )
547101

:ThaarkRUST: There, much easier… oh, and sorry for all the blood. It’s a bit of a messy line of work we are in, aren’t we? Ah, where’s my manners, let me present ourselves. We’re the Larvate brotherhood, swords for hire, here’s our card.
:TeraRUST: …um… what just happened? Where are the robbers? What blood? Who’s that talking to us?
:ThaarkRUST: Our prices are as low as three doves a day!

Insert They need to work on their marketing_
>>
No. 547102 ID: fc937d

...we seem to have attracted the attention of a group of mercenaries and/or bounty hunters, Tera. They, uh, removed the muggers.

Thank the mantis for the assistance, and take a peek at that card.
>>
No. 547105 ID: 7bbaae

>>547101
Tell her that some very well equipped people with white masks on have killed the remaining robbers.

Then ask the guys why there was one of them sneaking up on you in the palace last night. And in the market a little while ago. Are they following you for some reason?
>>
No. 547106 ID: d315b1

>>547101
It seems one of their men has been tailing us. May as well confront them.
>>
No. 547108 ID: 9ddf68

oh, and how common is there order?

Also do you know the mecrs we are suppose to hire are called?
>>
No. 547110 ID: b3ca75
File 138393880706.png - (20.99KB , 900x450 , 60.png )
547110

>take a peek at that card.
“Larvate brotherhood, First rate Sell swords professionals for hire! Satisfaction guaranteed!” …then it’s just contact information and their average price.
>Also do you know the mecrs we are suppose to hire are called?
No, Ilbir has already made some arrangements, so I’m just supposed to go to the mercenary guild and say his name.

>...we seem to have attracted the attention of a group of mercenaries and/or bounty hunters, Tera. They, uh, removed the muggers.
:TeraRUST: Removed? D-did they kill them!?
:JerichoRUSTED: Err…
:ThaarkRUST: You don’t have to fret, my gorgeous lady, they have been taken care of in an humane way.
:TeraRUST: Oh… that’s good to hear… I guess…
:ThaarkRUST: Anything for such a lovely flower as you.
:TeraRUST: Err…
>Then ask the guys why there was one of them sneaking up on you in the palace last night. And in the market a little while ago.
:ThaarkRUST: Hmm? We’re the only Larvate’s in the city and these boys have been with me the whole time.
:ThuulRUST: Someone most have stolen our gimmick, boss!
:JerichoRUSTED: Gimmick? You mean the masks?
:ThaarkRUST: Yes, they are ancient artifacts… err… these are replicas, of course, but they are based on ancient artifacts worn by soldiers in the ancient era.
:TheenRUST: We got the idea from one of our regular customers, a dapir who collects artifacts from the ancient era, including these kind of masks.
:ThaarkRUST: Whoever it is that’s ripping us off is going to get a beating.
>Thank the mantis for the assistance.
:JerichoRUSTED: Thank you, ma’am, for saving us.
:ThaarkRUST: …what did you call me!?
:JerichoRUSTED: …apparently something that offended you which I didn’t mean to do, sorry?
:ThuulRUST: Psst, don’t call the boss a lady!
:JerichoRUSTED: …but she is a lady? I mean, she’s bigger than any male mantis I’ve ever seen…
:TheenRUST: You’re only making it worse, man…

Insert Dude looks like a lady_
>>
No. 547112 ID: fc937d

Apologies, these dead eyes of mine aren't as good as they could be. Thank you again for the assistance, and I'm sorry for the confusion.

(Also, geeze, the bug hitting on Tera wasn't a clue?).

Also, we have some kind of mystic ancient artifact ninja snooping on us. Great.
>>
No. 547113 ID: 9ddf68

Now I know where I've seen those mask. They're the same one's that corporation Erin was fighting (who's name escapes me) where wearing, Just didn't recognize it without the full set of armor tell that one guy said something... and the fact they drew faces on them. Well unless you count when that one thing horribly killed people and drew faces on them with there own blood?

But yeah, apologize and make your way to the merc's place. If you know how much money you'll have left after you buy everything maybe you could give these guy's some coin as a way to say thanks/sorry. Only if we can spare it though.
>>
No. 547115 ID: 7bbaae

>>547110
Perhaps the boss is just a very tall male mantis. Just drop it.

Also, it sounds like you've got an ancient solider following you. Possibly a Wraith. Ask Tera how wraiths work.

...wait a minute, are these the mercs we're supposed to be paying? Check your list.
>>
No. 547119 ID: f06271

...We're missing the point. The POINT being the boss, for whatever reason, identifies as male, and calling him a girl ticks him off.
It's odder because of the 'reversed' gender mechanics Mantis has to humans or lizards, but still the same thing I think.
>>
No. 547126 ID: b3ca75
File 138395605802.png - (19.51KB , 900x450 , 61.png )
547126

>geez, the bug hitting on Tera wasn't a clue?
I’ve heard myth about these Serathians having that kind of relationship between the same sex… or even between different species. I’ve never understood why they would… I mean, they can’t get kids, right? …maybe it’s just one more of their unnecessary pleasure things they got… like all this food stuff they have…
>Perhaps the boss is just a very tall male mantis.
But she… he smells like a girl too… and sounds like a girl pretending to be a boy…
>...wait a minute, are these the mercs we're supposed to be paying? Check your list.
…the list only says that the merc guild will have the information who Ilbir hired… so I better talk to them first.

> ...We're missing the point. The POINT being the boss, for whatever reason, identifies as male, and calling him a girl ticks him off.
…right, so don’t call him a lady… but why? I don’t really get it…
:JerichoRUSTED: Err… apologies, my good sir, but your height made me mistake you for… well… um… sorry…
:ThaarkRUST: …apology accepted.
:JerichoRUSTED: So… thanks for the help, but we really need to get moving…
:TeraRUST: Hope your cold gets better, Mr. mantis.
:ThaarkRUST: …err… I don’t have a cold, desert flower…
:TeraRUST: …oh, sorry, it sounds like you have a cold… maybe your voice is just very high pitched… Anyway, thank you kind sirs for you assistance.

>Ask Tera how wraiths work.
:TeraRUST: Wraiths? Err… you have to ask the maester about that…

[Creating the warrior…]
[You now have control over Thaark, the mantis warrior!]

:ThaarkRUST: Did you see her, boys? A real beauty! I must get to know her name!
:ThuulRUST: I don’t know, boss. She was cute and all… but blind… and a necromancer…
:ThaarkRUST: Her being blind I can live with and being a necromancer is a highly respected job, right Theen.
:TheenRUST: Err… sure? At least here in Serath.
:ThuulRUST: I’ve heard rumors that necromancers sleeps with the ones they bring back, boss.
:TheenRUST: Rich aristocrats sleeps with the dead, Thuul, it’s not that unusual you know. Besides, I thought she was a bit too timid… I for one what a lady with a bit more… rawr~

Insert rawr means I love you in dinosaur_
>>
No. 547127 ID: 53ba34

oh, this is a surprise. hello.
>>
No. 547129 ID: fc937d

> I must get to know her name
Tera. She's the acolyte, warrior.

Oh, and hello, by the way.
>>
No. 547130 ID: dbe554

Thank you for rescuing The Pebble and The Acolyte, we are the Many, voices that guide those that will become very important in the future events, and you have just joined our network of truly important people.
>>
No. 547131 ID: 7bbaae

>>547126
Sup Thaark. We will be your disembodied voice assistants for the near future. Say, why do all three of your names start with Th?

Can you tell us any more about the origins of those masks. It could be important.
>>
No. 547132 ID: f06271

Hello there...Apparently you are known as Thaark?
Please stay calm. We are the Voices of Many, and we are here to give you guidance, should you require it.
>>
No. 547138 ID: c23ab0

We're not in Thaark guys. He was already created before the warrior. We're in some guy who was created just now and thus hasn't been around before.
>>
No. 547143 ID: 7bbaae

>>547138
>[You now have control over Thaark, the mantis warrior!]
>>
No. 547148 ID: c23ab0

>>547143

Yeah I'm completely confused now.

Do a little dance!
>>
No. 547159 ID: 322908

>>547126
Well thank god you showed up. So far we've only had influence over a zombie with all kinds of magical restraint bullshit, a blind priestess, a stuck up dwarf aristocrat and the worst thief ever. It's good to know we'll have someone worth a damn in a fight going forward.
>>
No. 547162 ID: 7bbaae

>>547148
I think we are creating archetypes that these people fit, which allows us to speak to them.
>>
No. 547165 ID: 9ddf68

CONGRATULATIONS, you have just won the voice of many, a collection of souls that goes around helping people out and always show up right before the shit is about to hit the fan. As such your life is probably going to start sucking really really soon. So now that's out of they way, any questions?

Also are you going to actually do anything with those thugs you destroyed or did you just kill them to try and woo the pretty blind chick?
>>
No. 547199 ID: b3ca75
File 138401915823.png - (19.26KB , 900x450 , 62.png )
547199

>Sup Thaark.
:ThaarkRUST: …did you guys just hear someone?
:ThuulRUST: Err… it’s all quiet, boss?
:TheenRUST: I think you need to define “someone”. I mean, I can hear the busy street from here… and people talking in one of the windows nearby…
>Do a little dance!
:ThaarkRUST: There!? Did you hear it!? Someone asked me to dance!?
:ThuulRUST: …um… are you alright, boss?
:TheenRUST: …maybe it’s some kind of telepathic message? …I think the Serathians loves to use telepathy… or was that the Durians? …no, Serathians loves necromancy… that’s how it is! …wait, what were we talking about again?
:ThaarkRUST: Shh… someone is talking in my brain!

>We are the Many, voices that guide those that will become very important in the future events, and you have just joined our network of truly important people.
So… you want to hire us or…? …and the many? You’re a group or something? We respect that you want to keep your real identity a secret, as long as you pay us.
>Thank you for rescuing The Pebble and The Acolyte.
…err… you mean the servant and the priest? …no problem, I guess?
>Tera.
…that’s a nice name… I have to go to the temple and ask her out for a drink… wait…
:ThaarkRUST: ‘Oy, Theen, are the priests here allowed to drink alcohol?
:TheenRUST: They can… except on the sun’s day. ...and they can’t eat Skarg meat, either.
>Also are you going to actually do anything with those thugs you destroyed or did you just kill them to try and woo the pretty blind chick?
Murdering people in front of someone isn’t really a good way to woo someone. If I’d known she’d be such a hot piece of ass I would have killed them somewhere else… but we was kind of in the moment, so to speak. Oh, and we’re going to cut off their heads and see if we can get that bounty they were talking about.

>Say, why do all three of your names start with Th?
Because Th names was really popular up in the Geranmol marches where we are from a few years back.
>Can you tell us any more about the origins of those masks. It could be important.
I think you need to ask someone else about that… you should ask Ilbir, the dapir in the palace here in the city. He’s one of our regular customers… in fact; he’s hired us to escort him tonight, even. We’re just waiting for the payment to arrive. …so, if you’re here to hire us, we’re already got two jobs tonight… but we’re free tomorrow…

Insert A better question would be if the priests actually are allowed to have relationships_
>>
No. 547202 ID: fc937d

>hire
Uh, it's a less of a job offer than it is conscription, I'm afraid. We're kind of agents of fate, and if we're in your head, that means you're bound for interesting times. Our services amount to advice and manipulation to try and see you through what's coming.

I suppose we could try and manipulate things so you come into material wealth of some kind of that's important to you.

>bodies for bounties
No need to let good corpses go to waste, after all.
>>
No. 547205 ID: 9ddf68

(face palm)

God damn it go chase down the mummy and the priest since they have your pay. The mummy is Ilbir's servant who was told just to go to the merc's guild and use Ilbir's name and they'd point him to whoever Ilbir hired. Blind chick is part of the team as well. and if you're wondering why those two are traveling together the mummy needed someone with him so he could get the weapon's Ilbir ordered.
>>
No. 547206 ID: beeca1

You don't get a choice in all this. We're not people, precisely. We're disembodied voices, and you're one of our hosts. We aren't the cause of the interesting times to come. We're a symptom, and our purpose is to warn you of them and hopefully manipulate things for your benefit.

Tera and the servant are two of our other hosts, by the way.
>>
No. 547207 ID: dbe554

We have no bodies, we are not technically 'People'.. I suppose we could called Spirits.
>>
No. 547209 ID: c23ab0

He's not just a servant. He's the pebble! Our mysterious bosses designated the role of "pebble" for him, and as mysterious as they are I think it's a metaphor for a pebble thrown in the pond. Tiny, but makes big ripples that go far. What I'm saying is he's a big deal, and is going to accidentally bring about great change. Or maybe he already did, and the ripples simply haven't reached your edge of the pond yet.
>>
No. 547226 ID: 7bbaae

>>547199
Ah. The mummy you rescued was on his way to the mercenary guild with the payment, actually. If you collect the heads quick-like you could meet him there and get paid.

Ilbir is, funnily enough, another one of our associates, so inquiring about those masks should be cake.
>>
No. 547239 ID: b3ca75
File 138403521790.png - (18.43KB , 900x450 , 63.png )
547239

>It's a less of a job offer than it is conscription, I'm afraid. We're kind of agents of fate, and if we're in your head, that means you're bound for interesting times.
So… not only are we living in interesting times, but we’ve also been noticed by those in high places? …that can’t be good… that can’t be good at all!
>We have no bodies, we are not technically 'People'… I suppose we could called Spirits.
What, like a daemon? …can you take a physical form or are you stuck like that?

>I think it's a metaphor for a pebble thrown in the pond.
Or a pebble thrown in a river, doing jack shit. But what do I know; you’re the mysterious magical voices of doomy doom!
>The mummy you rescued was on his way to the mercenary guild with the payment, actually.
Well, then we’ll get our pay when we get back to the guild… of course, we’re on our way there now anyway so…

>No need to let good corpses go to waste, after all.
:UnknownKAK: Here’s your bounty, 30 crows a head.
:ThaarkRUST: What!? Only 30!?
:UnknownKAK: The bounty specified alive…
:TheenRUST: See, I told you it would be more profitable taking them alive.
:UnknownKAK: Also, your contract for tonight have been paid with your usual rate. One dove now, five doves when the job is done… err… and your second contract is also paid… six doves up front… you do know you will be held responsible if you default on one of these, right?
:ThuulRUST: Don’t worry, they are both in the same place, right boss?
:ThaarkRUST: Right, nothing like being paid for some backstabbing…

Insert Wanted: Kaktus, preferably dead. Crime: Bad writing_
>>
No. 547240 ID: fc937d

Hey, lookit the wanted posters! It's that guy the mummy said was following him and ripping off your gig.

>paid to backstab
The trick with that is to actually get paid twice. I mean, sure, you can get hired by both sides. But usually by the time you're done, at least one refuses to pay you, or is no longer in the position to do so.

What's the details on this double dealing.
>>
No. 547241 ID: 7bbaae

>>547239
Which party are you planning on backstabbing? Do not backstab Ilbir. We can make your life miserable.
>>
No. 547243 ID: beeca1

Actually... given the first line of the original post, we may well be daemons, yes.

Back to matters on hand, I hope you're backstabbing the one that already paid.
>>
No. 547244 ID: 7bbaae

>>547243
I thought it was confirmed that we're a big glob of souls that are somehow not being reincarnated?
>>
No. 547245 ID: beeca1

>>547244
Only in the previous quests. If this one turns out to have the exact same cosmology as all the previous, I will be somewhat disappointed.

Besides, even if we are, that might be what they mean by daemons.
>>
No. 547247 ID: dbe554

Is Theen well educated? He seems to have some good knowledge and seems to keep a good head when it comes to tasks.
>>
No. 547248 ID: 76b151

Hey could you look over the wanted poster with the guy in the white mask? He is the one we've been wondering about.
>>
No. 547249 ID: 7bbaae

>>547248
Oh, good eye. It'll probably change appearance once we look at it, though... The poster in question is the one just to the left of the ? poster.
>>
No. 547251 ID: b3ca75
File 138404062108.png - (18.74KB , 900x450 , 64.png )
547251

>Is Theen well educated?
Well, he is the brain of the group.
>Which party are you planning on backstabbing?
The one we get the least monetary gain from, of course!
>The trick with that is to actually get paid twice.
The solution is to loot their bodies afterwards.
>What's the details on this double dealing.
The Dapir, Ilbir, is going to have some kind of expedition to recover some artifacts from some newly discovered ruins and paid us to protect him from a rival. The rival in question is a rich collector called Aviris and he’s pissed that Ilbir gets all the good stuff for his collection. So he hired us to make sure Ilbir has an “accident” out in the desert and whatever artifacts he found gets into the hands of the “rightful” owners. My guess is that Aviris is going to try to fake Ilbirs will after he’s death to get the rest of his stuff, but that’s not our problem. So… we kill one part, give the artifacts to the other and get kind of paid from both parties. A win / win situation! …except for those that died…

>Hey, lookit the wanted posters! It's that guy the mummy said was following him and ripping off your gig.
Let’s see… Wanted: Masked Man. Wanted for breaking and entering x 14 (known cases). Bring in for questioning. Is probably undead. Alive: 100 crows. Dead: Murder charges!

…Wanted: Horus, leader of the bone breaker tribe. Wanted for murder, theft and jaywalking. Dead: 1000 crows.

Wanted: The Shadow. Wanted for being too awesome! Clearly the best thief ever! Alive: Shove it up your butt, wuss! Dead: …yea, right. …wait a second; this isn’t an official wanted poster! It’s homemade!

Wanted: The Daemon of the wastes, leader of the new barbarian horde. Wanted for mass murder, mass theft, mass… stuff and stuff and stuff… um… he’s wanted for a lot of stuff… and he doesn’t even have a portrait! Anyway, he’s worth 1 million crows if you bring in his head.

And lastly, the ones I just brought in… dammit! They were worth 100 crows a piece if brought in alive!

:ThuulRUST: So, boss… what should we do now?
:TheenRUST: Maybe we should get some sleep… we’re going to be awake all night, after all… or do the “boss” want to go hit on the blind chick? They did mention that they would stay in the park…
:ThuulRUST: Or we can buy drinks for those crows we just earned, right boss?

Insert Mysterious masked man manually moving most mandrakes mmmmmm- door-hinge?
>>
No. 547252 ID: fc937d

>murder plan
That mummy from before works for Ilbir, and Tera's friends with them both. If you get them killed, I doubt she'll ever want anything to do with you.

So you'd probably be better off triple crossing Aviris rather than double crossing them. We'd also prefer you sided with Ilbir's group than against it.

>The shadow
...little miss vanity wanted poster just walked in, looks like.
>>
No. 547255 ID: 58fc88

Also were in some of their heads too. So their going to known. This means your in a bad way if you betray Ilbir. Yeah were in his head.
>>
No. 547256 ID: 7bbaae

>>547251
I think you might be kindof dumb. We are not going to let you do that. Also, if you HAD succeeded, your future mercenary career would have been sabotaged due to your failure of protecting Ilbir.
>>
No. 547257 ID: beeca1

>>547251
People don't always keep their money or other valuables on their bodies. Plus, if you're going to rob them anyway, why do you care about how much they give you? You should backstab whichever one is richer, regardless of how much they pay.

In this case, Aviris is richer, plus his death won't cockblock you. Kill him and loot him.
>>
No. 547262 ID: b3ca75
File 138404484236.png - (18.37KB , 900x450 , 65.png )
547262

>I think you might be kind of dumb.
Why, thank you for putting so much faith in me!
>Killing Ilbir will cockblock you.
Good thing I got other plans.
>So you'd probably be better off triple crossing Aviris rather than double crossing them.
Actually, Ilbir has already paid me to triple cross Aviris… and Aviris has paid me to… err… quadruple cross Ilbir… so… you’re asking me to… um… pentuple cross him? …or is it quintuple?
>If you HAD succeeded, your future mercenary career would have been sabotaged due to your failure of protecting Ilbir.
Not if my masterfully laid plan goes off without a hitch! Theen has already looked up all the rules and stuff to make sure my plan won’t make us default on any of the contracts, and with some manipulation I’ve probably… um… hopefully made sure not to leave any angry rich and / or powerful people left who would be angry at me. Of course, being a bit realistic, something will muck up the plan, but that something we’ll have to handle when the time comes.

>...little miss vanity wanted poster just walked in, looks like.
:UnknownKAK: Thank you for aiding the city guard. Here’s your 150 crows as the reward receipt entitled you to.
:ShadowRUST: Sweet.
:TheenRUST: Well then, I want to collect the bounty on “The shadow”, I got her right here!
:ShadowRUST: …what?
:UnknownKAK: …err… that’s not an official bounty, I’m sorry, I don’t know how that got there… and I can’t really pay you anything, because the reward is “up your butt”?
:TheenRUST: Clearly, the reward is a free entrance to this cute things butt and to shove an object of your discretion inside it. I’m thinking maybe I should use the mighty rod I have lying around.
:ShadowRUST: Read it again, pointdexter. It clearly says YOUR butt, so feel free to turn me in, you’re the one who won’t be walking straight for a week… and besides, “mighty” rod? It doesn’t look so mighty to me! It looks barely used, in fact! It has probably only been flying solo!
:TheenRUST: Wow, this raptor got some claws, rawr~

insert Use mighty rod to extend it_
>>
No. 547265 ID: d315b1

>>547251
No no no, you're doing this all wrong.

Avaris only has a vague description at best of what the artifact looks like, so he (probably) has no fast way of verifying its authenticity. All you have to do is give him a counterfeit, and you can get paid twice without destroying your reputation forever and probably gaining a bounty.

Also, reach behind you and yank on Shadow's hood.
>>
No. 547266 ID: fc937d

Theen, I don't think she's interested. Except maybe in hurting you.

Although, to be fair, Shadow, you are kind of asking for trouble if you put up fake wanted posters of yourself.
>>
No. 547267 ID: 7bbaae

>>547262
Okay, fine. How are you going to pull this off, exactly?

Shadow: Hi again. We saw you in the palace. How come we can't contact you while you're like that?
>>
No. 547268 ID: d315b1

>>547265
God damn it
>>
No. 547277 ID: 24e612

Tell your minion there to back off before he does something stupid.
I think he's picking a fight with someone above his calibar of fighting skill, and is about to get whooped. I'd recommend keeping an eye on it in-case someone (i.e you) should intervene before someone gets hurt.
Especially since that someone is another person we can talk to, sometimes.
>>
No. 547305 ID: dbe554

I think if it goes beyond triple cross it starts getting into dangerous territory when it comes to remembering how to make the deal go off right.

Either way however, that would be one of our other 'special' people, the Thief. She's somewhat important to our plans.
>>
No. 547310 ID: 9ddf68

ah look, they're becoming friends

10 crowns she decks him in the snout, 15 for the groin.
>>
No. 547339 ID: b3ca75
File 138409818313.png - (18.27KB , 900x450 , 66.png )
547339

>Okay, fine. How are you going to pull this off, exactly?
Hey, I don’t know exactly which people you can actually talk to, so our secret plan remains secret until further notice.
>Tell your minion there to back off before he does something stupid.
He’s not a minion, he’s just lower rank then me… and it’s his own fault if he does something stupid.
>I think he's picking a fight with someone above his calibar of fighting skill, and is about to get whooped.
Clearly, you’ve never heard about us before. Don’t you worry; we can take care of ourselves.
>10 crowns she decks him in the snout, 15 for the groin.
First, 10 crows is a lot of money. Second, I have no idea if you can even pay me that kind of money and third, I bet 1 magpie that he will get off when she hit him.

>Theen, I don't think she's interested. Except maybe in hurting you.
:ThaarkRUST: Theen, I know you love getting hurt, but we have a mission tonight. Don’t get anything lasting, alright?
:TheenRUST: Pff, like this little flower will be able to do anything lasting~
:ShadowRUST: …you’re trying to piss me off so I’ll hurt, aren’t you!? Well, that won’t work on me, chump. You’re not worth my time! Now, get out of the way, slave.
:TheenRUST: A slave? Oh, for you I’ll be even more than a slave~
:ShadowRUST: More than one? A slave is actually useful… like as a chair, for example. You’re just in the way.
:TheenRUST: But I’ll be the best chair you’ve ever had! My face was made for your ample buttocks, mistress!
:ThuulRUST: …ew?
:ShadowRUST: …you know what. You’re right, this is working. Here…
*Ass smack!*
:TheenRUST: THANK YOu ma’am, may I have another!?
:ShadowRUST: No, and the next time I’ll see you’ll feel real pain.

:ThaarkRUST: …well, that’s a few minutes of my life I wish I should forget…
:ThuulRUST: Oh gods, it burns! Brain bleach, stat!
:TheenRUST: Oh~ she left her card behind… with “look me up” scribbled on it~
:ThaarkRUST: Please, next time you hit on somebody, make sure we’re out of earshot… or drunk… or both… preferably both…
:TheenRUST: What a gal~
:ThuulRUST: …I still can believe that actually worked…

Insert …that was the weirdest thing I’ve ever written…_
>>
No. 547340 ID: fc937d

>so our secret plan remains secret until further notice
Fair enough. Cross us though, and hearing the song that annoys you most in the world sung in full chorus inside your head for the rest of your life will be the least of your problems.

>brain bleach
Too bad we're in the wrong brain. He'll have to suffer.
>>
No. 547343 ID: 53ba34

yes, once we drove a giant magma worm to the point of impaling it's face on a stalagmite to shut us up, because it wanted to eat one of our friends.
>>
No. 547356 ID: b3ca75
File 138411008849.png - (26.01KB , 900x450 , 67.png )
547356

>Cross us though, and hearing the song that annoys you most in the world sung in full chorus inside your head for the rest of your life will be the least of your problems.
…Meh, I’ve endured worse tortures.
>yes, once we drove a giant magma worm to the point of impaling it's face on a stalagmite to shut us up, because it wanted to eat one of our friends.
…or maybe not. Either way, I’m not aiming to make enemies… at least not with people like you.
>Too bad we're in the wrong brain. He'll have to suffer.
:ThaarkRUST: Time for brain bleach, to the closest pub!
:ThuulRUST: A wise plan, boss!
:TheenRUST: A toast for the boss!



:PeepRUST: *Twitter* <Hey! Someone come and make babies with me! I got a nest with the new x-station and everything! Just fuck me!>
:PeepRUST: *Chirp Chirp* <You flew into the wrong neighborhood, niggah. Get the fuck out of my tree or I’ll pwn you in aurora 4, fag!>
:PeepRUST: *Peep* <You guys are such morons…>

:TeraRUST: Ah, it’s so relaxing listening to the birds sing…
:JerichoRUSTED: They are quite beautiful, aren’t they?
:TeraRUST: …thank you for bringing me out here… I spend way to little time out here just relaxing…
:JerichoRUSTED: No problem…
:TeraRUST:
:JerichoRUSTED:
:TeraRUST: *Snore*
:JerichoRUSTED: Err…

Insert Like a walk in the park_
>>
No. 547357 ID: bb0338

*bell ring sound*
Hello? Jericho wrappico?
Blindy Windy?
>>
No. 547377 ID: 7bbaae

>>547356
Did you get the weapons yet?
>>
No. 547399 ID: fc937d

Hello, we're back. We went and harassed the mantis merc for a bit. Apparently he has a role to play as well.

Letting Tera nap a bit is fine, but remember the two of you both have things to get done, later. Can't spend all day in the park.
>>
No. 547406 ID: b3ca75
File 138411945096.png - (27.30KB , 900x450 , 68.png )
547406

>*bell ring sound*
:TeraRUST: *snrk* five more minutes, maester… *Snore*
>Hello? Jericho wrappico? Blindy Windy?
…why do I feel more offended by you insulting Tera then me?
>We went and harassed the mantis merc for a bit.
A bit? You’ve been gone 3 hours. That’s not really “a bit”.
>Did you get the weapons yet?
Well, yes. Got a spear for myself, a “shorter” short sword for Ilbir and a very decorative and expensive short sword in mantis size… luckily it was prepaid. Dunno why Ilbir would want a nice sword for mantises but not himself… anyway, the spear and sword cost me 75 crows and the mercs 100, thus leaving 5 crows to do whatever I want with.

>Letting Tera nap a bit is fine, but remember the two of you both have things to get done, later. Can't spend all day in the park.
Hmm… do we even have anything left to do? …I guess I need to get that package for the princesses but I’ve done everything I was ordered to do… *sigh* …she was so beautiful, wasn’t she?

:ElirazRUST: Excuse me, Mr. mummy, but I’ve heard that you’re going to deliver a package for my sister… I need to take a quick peek on it before you deliver it...
:ShadowRUST: (For safety reasons…)
:ElirazRUST: For safety reasons… in fact, I’m sorry for this, but I order you to give me the package… forgive me, but I hate to order people around but-
:ShadowRUST: (Stop being a wuss!)
:ElirazRUST: Right, just give me the package first before you give it to my sister and you’ll be rewarded.
:JerichoRUSTED: …err… what?
:ElirazRUST: Shh, don’t stir so much, you’ll wake your friend there…
:TeraRUST: *Snore*

Insert Make way for Ali_
>>
No. 547409 ID: 322908

Hey, it's best thief! Use that information to your advantage, but try not to tip off those guards.
>>
No. 547411 ID: e3aff6

Just say that we haven't gotten the package yet, and I guess that means we had better be off to go pick it up.
>>
No. 547413 ID: 7bbaae

>>547406
Ask why his sister is so goddamn gorgeous.
>>
No. 547416 ID: beeca1

>>547411

I don't think he's even one of the people who're allowed to order us around, so this.
>>
No. 547419 ID: fc937d

>A bit? You’ve been gone 3 hours. That’s not really “a bit”.
Don't get us started on our perception of time. Let's just say it doesn't always sync with yours.

>hand the package over
I'm sorry, but I don't know who you are, and this package doesn't belong to you. I can't do that. (Also, you promised. That's a personal oath, and probably reinforced by your runes).
>>
No. 547431 ID: 9ddf68

do we even have a package?

oh also, sup shadow
>>
No. 547432 ID: b3ca75
File 138412590764.png - (27.33KB , 900x450 , 69.png )
547432

>I'm sorry, but I don't know who you are.
:ElirazRUST: I’m Eliraz, price of the Serathian kingdom.
:ShadowRUST: (Now tell him to bow before you or he’ll feel your wrath! What!? No! That would be mean! Dammit, stop being a pussy and show of those internal balls of yours! I’m the one with the pussy, not you!)
>Ask why his sister is so goddamn gorgeous.
:ElirazRUST: Because she is the daughter of the sultan and heir to the throne. Mother has had the best enchanters money can buy to make her the most beautiful women that ever lived. In fact, can’t you see I’m enchanted too?
:JerichoRUSTED: …well, you do look nice, not just… um…
:ElirazRUST: It doesn’t have the same effect if you aren’t attracted… but thank you nonetheless.

>Just say that we haven't gotten the package yet, and I guess that means we had better be off to go pick it up.
:ElirazRUST: Yes, I know. That’s why I’m ordering you to deliver it to me after you get it. In fact, I’ll follow you to the caravan master myself; just to make sure you retrieve it.
>This package doesn't belong to you. I can't give it to you.
:ElirazRUST: …what? B-but… I ordered you around yesterday? How?
:ShadowRUST: (Dammit, Ilbir must have changed the restrictions… and the overrider is in my thief pants… quick! Order the guard to size him and force him to do it! What!? No! I’m not going to scare him like that! Stop being such a meanie! You’re a prince! Prince it up, dammit! Don’t force me to take over!)
:JerichoRUSTED: Err… you alright there, prince staring out into space?
:ElirazRUST: …yes. I’m fine… I’m… I’m just dandy…
:JerichoRUSTED: …oookay….
:ElirazRUST: …just… just let me take a quick peek, alright? It’s for her sake…

Insert Prince of all saiyans_
>>
No. 547437 ID: 9ddf68

hey Jericho, ask is the reason he's spacing out have something to do with his shadow. As for why it's because it seems we weren't to far of the mark with the princess since it seem's he's the shadow. And before you say we're just throwing that out without any proof or reason we can hear him and the shadow having a mental battle right now of weather or not the prince should be an asshole to you.
>>
No. 547438 ID: d315b1

>>547432
So the prince is Shadow... but Shadow responded to the name "Liz" the first time we met them. Interesting.
>>
No. 547442 ID: 7bbaae

>>547432
Wait. Wait what. WHAT. WHAAAAAAT. Shadow, you're a DUDE during the day? How the hell does that work?! I thought you were your sister!

Well shit. Jericho, I'm worried about the sultan's delivery now. Ask if the princess can be trusted to deliver what you gave her. As for the package, yeah, sure. Let the prince take a look inside, he's a party member.
>>
No. 547445 ID: fc937d

So...shadow and not-shadow generswap with the secret identity? Huh.

>the overrider
We're going to need a means to counter that.

>let us have a peek?
No. (Again, you promised).

Then tell Sha- the Prince to kindly stop trying to strongarm you, or you'll see that Ilbir is told what you get up to at night. And a certain guardian can see to it that message gets where he or she doesn't want it to be heard even if they silence you.
>>
No. 547568 ID: b3ca75
File 138419119097.png - (27.41KB , 900x450 , 70.png )
547568

>We're going to need a means to counter that overrider.
:JerichoRUSTED: (Well, we better find someone who actually know what one of those are.)
>So...shadow and not-shadow generswap with the secret identity? Huh.
:JerichoRUSTED: (Hmm… he smells like a male… sound like one too… and he got the markings and horns of a male… but his hips… they are very womanly… and he got thicker tail base… like a female…)

>Ask if the princess can be trusted to deliver what you gave her.
:ElirazRUST: Oh, of course. Why wouldn’t she deliver it?
>you promised.
:JerichoRUSTED: I’m sorry, but I promised her not to show it to anyone and I intend to keep that promise.
:ElirazRUST: Oh… very well then, I guess I’ll take my leave?
:JerichoRUSTED: (Did he just silently mouth “thank you”?)
:ShadowRUST: (What!? What are you doing! Force him to give the ticket for the package to you!)

>Then tell Sha- the Prince to kindly stop trying to strongarm you, or you'll see that Ilbir is told what you get up to at night.
:JerichoRUSTED: …one more thing, exalted one, I suggest that you keep your shadow in line, or Ilbir will know about your activities at night.
:ElirazRUST: Err… I d-don’t know what you’re talking about…?
:ShadowRUST: (…how did he…)
>Wait. Wait what. WHAT. WHAAAAAAT. Shadow, you're a DUDE during the day? How the hell does that work?! I thought you were your sister!
:ShadowRUST: (By the dead, he got that mind reading thing with him! Abort! ABORT! W-what? B-but… err…help me… That’s it! I’m taking control!)

:ElirazRUST: Guards! Execute this servant at once!
:GuardRUST: …Does this count as one of those “episodes”?
:GuardRUST: Sorry, kiddo, the Sultans orders. We’re not to obey any weird orders coming from you… in fact; we’ll need to escort you back to the palace immediately!
:ElirazRUST: W-what!? B-but… I’m the prince! You have to obey my orders!

Insert Not as planned_
>>
No. 547569 ID: fc937d

>B-but… I’m the prince! You have to obey my orders!
Even princes are bound by the rule of law, and I doubt the law looks favorably on ordering executions on a whim. And neither does the Sultan, apparently.

Thanks the guards for their sense, and then let's wake Tera and move on. We should probably deliver that package before the prince / shadow get away and have a chance to try and intercept it or cause us problems.
>>
No. 547573 ID: 7bbaae

>>547568
Shadow, we're supposed to be working together. Do not kill your allies.
>>
No. 547576 ID: dbe554

And we can make your life a living hell if we really want to at this point, considering we can stick in your head and sing every annoying lyric till the planet goes cold.
>>
No. 547579 ID: 9ddf68

so one little thing didn't go your way and you panic? you may want to work on that. Anyways making a seen wont do you any favors so you might as well just go seeing as we're going to be seeing each other again tonight for when we go off on that little trip Ilbir is paying all of us for, and if you make a scene here daddy miiiight decide it best you don't go so again it doesn't do you any favors to act out right now.
>>
No. 547581 ID: 7bbaae

Really, we aren't asking much. Just don't fuck with these two, or Ilbir, or the white-masked mercenary group. They are all supposed to be our allies. Though the mercenary group is going to be a big problem too- they're planning to backstab Ilbir and get him killed.

How about a deal? You investigate that mercenary group for us, find out what they're planning, and we'll help you with your various Shadow-related problems?

On the other hand, it might not even be an issue, because shit might go down tomorrow and throw out all the plans of the mercs.
>>
No. 547583 ID: 322908

>>547581
I think Ibir is planning to bribe the mercs with that fancy-looking sword.
>>
No. 547586 ID: b3ca75
File 138420355975.png - (27.54KB , 900x450 , 71.png )
547586

>I think Ibir is planning to bribe the mercs with that fancy-looking sword.
:JerichoRUSTED: (That would explain the sword… yes…)
>We can make your life a living hell if we really want to at this point, considering we can stick in your head and sing every annoying lyric till the planet goes cold.
:ShadowRUST: (No! He’s mine! All mine!)
[Player gray (Easy AI) have banned player Teal (Insane AI)(Current player) from the pawn “The Thief”!]

>Shadow, we're supposed to be working together.
:ElirazRUST: Nnng… no wait… it’s fine… really… no need for any drastic actions…
:GuardRUST: Err… how are we sure you’re really fine, your highness?
:GuardRUST: Just listen to the voice, sonny. As soon as he start doing that lady voice he’s gone down the deep end again.
:ElirazRUST: Err… right. I’m sorry… she gets a bit… emotional when thing doesn’t happen the way she want… especially when she isn’t the one in control…
>How about a deal? You investigate that mercenary group for us, find out what they're planning, and we'll help you with your various Shadow-related problems?
:ElirazRUST: …well… I don’t want Ilbir dead either… I’ll check them out. But please, do me a favor, if you can find anything that would help me with the whole… shadow problem… please… give it to me… Guards… escort me back to the palace… I need to rest…
:GuardRUST: At once, sire!
:TeraRUST: …alright, what just happened? What did I miss? Who was that?
:JerichoRUSTED: …to be honest, I’m a bit lost now too…

Insert More than one player in town_
>>
No. 547591 ID: 7bbaae

>>547586
That was the prince, he was trying to intercept a package meant for his sister for some reason.

Shall we continue? We still have to pick up that package.
>>
No. 547597 ID: fc937d

Huh. So the shadow is a separate entity that possess the prince? And we're both AIs? Very interesting.

Tell Tera she missed the prince being nutty.
>>
No. 547601 ID: 7fae03

Ladies and Gentleman, I feel the need to point out we have just been denied access to a character.
The thing to do, is to be more cautious and more diplomatic-we are not alone in being headvoices this time around, and thus we can't rely on our unique abilities, particularly if the opponent has a device like the Shadow had.
For now at least...I see no real reason to buck the plans, but let's try to be more wary from now on.
>>
No. 547605 ID: 7bbaae

>>547601
Er, no? The prince just banned the shadow from his mind, sortof.
>>
No. 547619 ID: b3ca75
File 138421408632.png - (22.94KB , 900x450 , 72.png )
547619

>So the shadow is a separate entity that possess the prince? And we're both AIs? Very interesting.
:JerichoRUSTED: I have no idea what you just said… or what that whole half square business was about. What’s an AI? …and the whole player teal stuff?
[Identifing Player Teal(Insane AI)… currently occupying “The Pebble” and “The acolyte”!]
:JerichoRUSTED: Again with the half squares!
:TeraRUST: …How do you even pronounce that weird half a cube thingy?

>Tell Tera she missed the prince being nutty.
:JerichoRUSTED: The prince was here and wanted me to give him a package meant for the princess… then he went a bit… weird…
:TeraRUST: The price? He’s always been weird… err… at least that’s what I’ve heard… there’s also this weird rumor that he used to be a princess when he was smaller…
:JerichoRUSTED: …he what?
:TeraRUST: You know, he was a girl!

>Shall we continue? We still have to pick up that package.
:JerichoRUSTED: Excuse me? I’m here to pick up a package? Here’s the ticket for it…
:UnknownKAK: Ah, yes, the package with the obviously fake name. Don’t worry, ma’am, we understand why you don’t want your real name on this and have handled is with utmost discretion.
:TeraRUST: …Err… the package isn’t for me?
:UnknownKAK: Of course it isn’t. This package is for Ms. Hammer smith, not you… but I understand why you would want to buy something like this. It’s gets lonely at night sometimes… and not everyone wants to use servant for those purposes… especially if they are undead… but I have to ask, how do you expect to read the book that comes with it? You being blind and-
:JerichoRUSTED: *Ahem*
:UnknownKAK: My apologies. I… err… I acted a bit unprofessional there, didn’t I? …sorry… but here’s your package… right… I’m off!
:JerichoRUSTED: …well, that was rude.
:TeraRUST: Now I’m really curious about what’s in the box…

Insert It’s a head… of lettuce_
>>
No. 547621 ID: 9ddf68

Oh sweet, we are now officially insane, only took a few million years for them to figure it out, now to cash in our disability privileges.

Oh, yeah, box... probably some erotic novel that's especially saucy, or an overly complected sex toy, who knows and who cares let's get rid of it before we have to deal with any more crazies today.
>>
No. 547624 ID: fc937d

An AI is an 'artificial intelligence'. Generally meaning a mind that was created, not grown in a meat-suit.

>half squares
Brackets. They're a fancy way to separate messages, or put something in an aside.

>How do you even pronounce that weird half a cube thingy?
Personally, I hear them as a mall overhead announcement voice. They give the words a metallic twang.

>Now I’m really curious about what’s in the box
We can guess.

Also, Jericho promised, so no peeking. And no sticking your hand in there to feel around and claim it doesn't count as peeking just because you can't see to peek.
>>
No. 547642 ID: 7bbaae

>>547624
Eh, you're right. Don't look inside it, Jericho.

>>547619
Huh...? You can see the system messages? Something is different this time around. I wonder if there are any other players?

When you deliver the package, you can bring up that the merchant implied it was a sex toy, and maybe ask if she needs help finding someone. We do tend to play matchmaker, so perhaps we can assist her? It seems odd that she couldn't find anyone when she's all enchanted up to be drop-dead gorgeous. Maybe the issue is that she thinks she's ugly without them active?
>>
No. 547650 ID: 78068f

The [] was never intended to be spoken it's intended to convey more information than one written sentence can normally hold. Trying to pronounce [] would most likely be done using tonal inflection the same way you would indicate sarcasm.
>>
No. 547657 ID: dbe554

I always preferred 'Advanced Intelligence'
>>
No. 547752 ID: b3ca75
File 138427605939.png - (19.90KB , 900x450 , 73.png )
547752

>An AI is an 'artificial intelligence'. Generally meaning a mind that was created, not grown in a meat-suit.
:JerichoRUSTED: Wait… I think I read about that… the ancient used to create… what were they called…? Golems! Golems made of clay, stone and sometimes even metal! So you guys are like a big rock monster?
>Jericho promised, so no peeking.
:JerichoRUSTED: …and that includes no touching.
:TeraRUST: Aw man, there goes my awesome plan… anyway, we’re going to pass by the temple anyway so… how about you drop me of at the gates? I can take care of myself from there.
:JerichoRUSTED: Sure thing.
>Drop her off.
:TeraRUST: Well, thank you little pebble for wasting time with me… I appreciate it. I really need to get out from this dusty old temple more often.
:JerichoRUSTED: Any time with you can never be wasted, Tera.
:TeraRUST: Aw, how sweet of you to think so… but really, thank you… and see you tonight! I really need to get some sleep before we head out…

>let's get rid of it before we have to deal with any more crazies today.
:ElizahRUST: Oh, hello Era’til, I hope you didn’t have any trouble finding my room. I’ve delivered your message to mother and… well… she wasn’t really happy that Ilbir spent 1000 crows on you… she’s only going to sponsor him with half… oh, right, the package! Do you have it? Did everything go well? Did… you didn’t peek, did you?
:JerichoRUSTED: Yes, I have your package right here… and your brother tried to take a peek in it, but I was able to stop him. As for me… well, I didn’t open it but…
>When you deliver the package, you can bring up that the merchant implied it was a sex toy, and maybe ask if she needs help finding someone.
:JerichoRUSTED: The caravan master kind of implied it was a… err… and… um… do you have trouble being lonely? I… I might be able to help you find someone…
:ElizahRUST: …he implied it was what? …and I don’t see how you would be able to help me, Era’til, mother would never allow me to be with anyone without political reasons… so I’m never going to marry because of love… and… never mind. I don’t know what the caravan master implied is in here, but it’s… promise not to tell anyone.
:JerichoRUSTED: I promise.
:ElizahRUST: It’s this little fellow. I used to have one of these when I was smaller… but mother threw him away. “Boys don’t like girls who have a snake” she said… hmm… now that I think about it… I should probably give him a name… do you have any suggestions?
:JerichoRUSTED: …wait, what about the book? He said something about a book?
:ElizahRUST: Err… I-it’s nothing… it’s just… a c-care guide for this little fellow…

:JerichoRUSTED: (Hmm… I think I can glimpse the package the book is in… can’t make out the name… but there something with magic on it in the package as well… I think it’s… some kind of… vibration magic? What the hell that’s supposed to be…)

Insert It’s not something lewd… it’s just a snake! …and something lewd on the side!_
>>
No. 547754 ID: 76b151

Ah they were right. It is for self-gratification. Apologize for embarrasing her. Pressing on the subject would be rude.
>>
No. 547755 ID: a82ca9

Hehehehe...
Its a sex toy Jericho! Vibrations feel good!
Tell her she should name her own "personal" items.
>>
No. 547757 ID: fc937d

>So you guys are like a big rock monster?
That'd be cool, but we're kind just the intelligence without a body to drive around. We're advisors, drifters, not pilots.

>“Boys don’t like girls who have a snake
A new age, and a new euphemism for bolts with screws. ...and some boys do, it turns out.

>Name the snake?
...Bolt. (Because snakes are move fast, right? Not for any other reason).

>the book
Don't push it.
>>
No. 547758 ID: e9e331

what gender is the snake?
>>
No. 547760 ID: 2ba2bc

She should name it Iroquois Pliskin.
>>
No. 547764 ID: b3ca75
File 138428007165.png - (20.16KB , 900x450 , 74.png )
547764

>Its a sex toy Jericho! Vibrations feel good!
Oh? OH! Oh… better not bring it up then… geez… well, at least now I know what I’ll be dreaming about tonight… if I actually slept…
>A new age, and a new euphemism for bolts with screws ...and some boys do, it turns out.
…I have no idea what you just meant… and for some reason I feel happy that I didn’t understand it…
>Tell her she should name her own "personal" items.
…err… you do realize she want a name for her pet snake not her… err… other “pet snake”. She wants to name the real one… the one that’s alive… not the one… err…

>what gender is the snake?
:ElizahRUST: It’s a male… at least it’s supposed to be male…
>Bolt.
:ElizahRUST: … a bit boring, don’t you think?
>Iroquois Pliskin.
:ElizahRUST: Hmmm… Pliskin? …actually, I like it. It feels like a solid name for a snake, doesn’t it?
:JerichoRUSTED: So… err… do you need anything else, your highness?
:ElizahRUST: No, I do not… and call me Elizah. But thank you for your help, Era’til. Here take these coins and… here…
*Kiss on cheek*
*Swooch!*
:ElizahRUST: Wait, what was that? …that’s odd… I should have sworn that I didn’t light the candles…

Insert Heating up_
>>
No. 547771 ID: 7bbaae

>>547764
You're a wizard, Jericho. With fire magic, too. Better get a book on it tonight.

Ask her if you could see her without her beauty enchantments on.
>>
No. 547772 ID: b8ee20

lol, you just cast some fire magic, bro?
>>
No. 547773 ID: fc937d

...wait, can you do fire magic now? Fire magic that triggers by cute girls kissing you?

Well, it beats fire magic from insulting puns.
>>
No. 547777 ID: e9e331

and just like that young Jericho became a mage
>>
No. 547780 ID: 7bbaae

Oh, I have an idea. If she paid the other 500 crowns, she could claim partial ownership of you and you two could spend more time together!
>>
No. 547782 ID: b3ca75
File 138428874066.png - (20.32KB , 900x450 , 75.png )
547782

>and just like that young Jericho became a mage.
…What? WHAT!? How… what!? That doesn’t even…
>...wait, can you do fire magic now? Fire magic that triggers by cute girls kissing you?
B-but… I can’t! I mean, that’s Serath magic! It goes in the blood! I’m supposed to be able to learn ice magic! I’m a freaking tribal!
>Better get a book on it tonight.
I… I guess it can’t hurt to try and find more information about magic…

>Ask her if you could see her without her beauty enchantments on.
:ElizahRUST: …if you wish, I guess… one second. Let me just… there…
:JerichoRUSTED: …I don’t really… wait, I see it. There are some imperfections now… Why do you even use that kind of magic if you’re beautiful without them?
:ElizahRUST: Because only perfection is fit for the sultan, as mother use to say.
:JerichoRUSTED: Well, I for one like you more without them. Perfection is impossible and this… well, it makes you more… real, so to speak.
:ElizahRUST: …thank you.

>I have an idea. If she paid the other 500 crowns, she could claim partial ownership of you and you two could spend more time together!
:ElizahRUST: …I barely know you, Era’til. Neither do I believe Ilbir would be so happy if I stole his assistant... and I don’t really like owning someone… it feels so… unfair. Besides, you’ll be right here in the palace, right? So you can just come and visit if you want… it would be nice to have someone to talk to… all the other workers are so… I don’t know, afraid? All, “Yes, you highness” this and “no, you highness” that… humph…
:JerichoRUSTED: They seems to be rather bad following orders if they can’t even stop calling you something you don’t want to be called, Elizah.
:ElizahRUST: ...yeah, they are, aren’t they? *Tehe* You know… I should warn them that I’ll punish them if they don’t stop calling me highness… see how they react.
:JerichoRUSTED: Have some mercy on them, I don’t believe they appreciate a “damned if you do, damned if you don’t” situation.
:ElizahRUST: Oh, don’t be so boorish. I’ll just punish them with something funny… like… hmm… oh, like making them do a little dance! …or make everything they say rhyme!
:JerichoRUSTED: Force them to wear some womanly clothing?
:ElizahRUST: Yes! Ha! That’s perfect! …you know, it’s been real pleasant talking to you… um…
:JerichoRUSTED: Jericho.
:ElizahRUST: Jericho… hmm… were have I heard that before? Never mind. It’s been fun, Jeri! But I guess Ilbir must start to miss you by now… so… come back whenever you want to… I’ll be waiting. …unless, there is something else you want?

Insert Jeri want to give her the D_
>>
No. 547786 ID: fc937d

>B-but… I can’t! I mean, that’s Serath magic! It goes in the blood!
Well, one possibility is you're wrong about that. Maybe there are fire mages among you people, and ice mages among the Seraths, there's just no one around to teach them. So they go unrealized.

Maybe being reborn as a Serath mummy changes things.

...or maybe you don't know enough about your parentage.

>unless, there is something else you want?
Not at the moment. Thank you for you time, and good luck training your snake.

>Insert Jeri want to give her the D_
The Delivery. And we already did, time to go!
>>
No. 547788 ID: dbe554

Proposition her like a proper lady, and tell her you want to give her the Mummy D.
>>
No. 547790 ID: 7bbaae

>>547788
That may be "something else he wants", but perhaps it would be better to imply it. Like, by saying anything else he wants would be better discussed after they get to know eachother better.
>>
No. 547793 ID: 003a93

>>547788
>>547790
No no no no no! We're taking our time with this one. Courteously make your leave.
>>
No. 547798 ID: 9ddf68

well it has been fun but now we have to deal with some of Ilbir's dirty work so we'll see you later I guess

And Jericho, enjoy this quite for as long as you're able because things are more then likely going to get real sucky real fast tonight.
>>
No. 547802 ID: 322908

>where have I heard that before
>it goes in the blood!
Yer a Wizard, Jeri.
A Serathian wizard, but don't look a gift desert-pack-animal-slash-mount in the mouth.
>>
No. 547806 ID: 7bbaae

>>547793
Oh fine. How about a kiss on the hand, then?
>>
No. 547807 ID: a1b0d6

>>547806
http://youtu.be/nMX_CCU9Xso
>>
No. 547902 ID: b3ca75
File 138435752985.png - (20.05KB , 900x450 , 76.png )
547902

>Maybe there are fire mages among your people, and ice mages among the Seraths, there's just no one around to teach them.
Except they will still use their magic unintentionally if no one trains them to control it… just like the thing that just happened to the candles… err…
>Maybe being reborn as a Serath mummy changes things.
That doesn’t even make sense.
>...or maybe you don't know enough about your parentage.
…This is a possibility. Low, but possible…

>Proposition her like a proper lady, and tell her you want to give her the Mummy D.
WHAT!? Are you out of your mind!? They would probably behead me and bury my still living head somewhere in the desert! Why yes, let’s tell the daughter of the most powerful person in this country that I want to stick it in her pooper! Great idea!
>perhaps it would be better to imply it.
No. I might have a low chance for this to happened, but I want to have a chance. We might be from completely different worlds and… err… do I even have a chance?

>How about a kiss on the hand, then?
:JerichoRUSTED: Not at the moment, no… except to give you a proper goodbye, my lady…
*Kiss*
:ElizahRUST: Oh, aren’t you a gentlemen?
:JerichoRUSTED: Goodbye, Elizah, and good luck with the snake training.
:ElizahRUST: Goodbye, Jeri… and good luck with the expedition tonight. I’ll be looking forward for your return.

>Now we have to deal with some of Ilbir's dirty work.
:IlbirRUST: I have to say, this handiwork is amazing. This is clearly a blade worthy a name to be praised in the epics of the next epoch, don’t you think?
:BjornRUST: Ya bloody well praise it, ya bastard, it’s one of me best blades I’ve done.
:IlbirRUST: And you’ve really outdone yourself this time, Björn, he’s going to love it.
:BjornRUST: The bars are done, lord Ilbir, this will keep those sodding birds out of here.
:IlbirRUST: It’s for the more… humanoid pests that I had you install this for.
:BjornRUST: Bastards? Up here? I’d like to see the git stupid enough to climb all the bloody way up here! Anyhow, if it wasn’t anything else, I’ll take my leave.
:IlbirRUST: Again, thank you for the blade… oh, and servant? I’ll be going to bed soon, to make sure I’m well rested for the trip tonight. While I’m out can you clean my quarters? …oh, and clean the servant quarters on this floor too… it is technically yours now, even if you won’t use it to sleep. If you get some time over, feel free to read any book you can find… the library downstairs will have books about whatever subject you wish to know about. Now, get to work.
:JerichoRUSTED: Yes, lord.
:IlbirRUST: Oh, and if you any questions, please ask them before I leave.

Insert Eat books, becomes smarter_
>>
No. 547903 ID: bf6dbb

ask if he has any books on magic, if he ask why, say you're curious about it.
>>
No. 547914 ID: dbe554

Ask who that guy is, he's very tall, red eyed, and he doesn't look normal.
>>
No. 547916 ID: 7bbaae

>>547914
That's the blacksmith. We met him already.

>>547902
Ask about those white masks. We keep seeing what might be a wraith wearing one.
>>
No. 547917 ID: 7bbaae

Oh yeah also tell him the mercenaries are trying to get paid from both parties, which will mean his death. We couldn't find out exactly how they're planning to get him killed though, aside from the fact that it's supposed to be done in a way that's impossible to pin on the mercs.
>>
No. 547918 ID: b3ca75
File 138436945791.png - (18.35KB , 900x450 , 77.png )
547918

>Tell him the mercenaries are trying to get paid from both parties, which will mean his death.
:IlbirRUST: Really? And here I thought I’d made sure that they were paid from both parties so they would be loyal to me… don’t worry; I’ll look into the matter.
>Ask who that guy is, he's very tall, red eyed, and he doesn't look normal.
:IlbirRUST: It’s the smith, Björn… I think it means something like bear in his native language. Anyway, didn’t you meet him when you got the weapons? As for his appearance, he’s from one of the north lands, those beyond the sea. They are larger, paler and hairier then us. I think they are called… um… let’s see if I can pronounce this right… wildmaen? Vildmeen? Vildmaan? …it’s spelled with an A with weird dots over it anyway.

>Ask about those white masks.
:IlbirRUST: Ah, yes, the ancient warrior masks? I guess you saw the Larvate brotherhood wear them, correct? They used to be worn by warriors from these parts in the ancient times, both for protection and intimidation. They are rather hard to come by, but I do in fact have a small collection with the rest of my artifacts. Just go up a floor and go to the right and you’ll see it.
>Ask if he has any books on magic, if he ask why, say you're curious about it.
:IlbirRUST: I’ve already said it, we have a lot of books down in the library. Just take a look there, I’m sure you’ll find something worth reading. Now, I must be off, I got someone waiting for me. Goodbye, servant.

Insert ...READ A BOOK!_
>>
No. 547920 ID: fc937d

>And here I thought I’d made sure that they were paid from both parties so they would be loyal to me…
It could still go either way, I think.

>Goodbye
Right time to clean and stuff. Then we can look up fire magic, and check out the mask room.
>>
No. 547921 ID: 7bbaae

>>547918
Clean stuff, then look at masks, then look at magic books.
>>
No. 547922 ID: 9ddf68

well not much more we can do tell we leave so might as well do what he asked and then move one toward the books... also if you actually want to practice fire magic you may want to bring a bucket of water... just incase
>>
No. 547930 ID: b3ca75
File 138437665544.png - (24.42KB , 900x450 , 78.png )
547930

>Time to clean and stuff.
Dona and done. I did it in a jiffy.
>Then we can look up fire magic. You may want to bring a bucket of water... just in case.
Alright, let’s find some books about magic… then check those masks.



Dammit, this library is big! But I think I found something interesting… a titled “magic theory for dummies”… let’s see… “All magic can only be inherited by blood, with the exception of necromancy, which can be thought to people with great magic affinity at an early age, and the theoretical life, manipulation and creation magic, which according to ancient text was given to people chosen by the gods themselves.” Blah blah blah, something about a thaum, blah blah blah… here something else interesting. “If one of the parents is a powerful magic user themselves, the chances for their offspring to inherited the gift increases. The more powerful the mage, the greater the chance. There are theories if two extremely powerful mage’s of different school gain an offspring, there will be a chance that this child will be able to go beyond the normal values and create what many deem impossible, a mage that can use two schools of magic without them nullifying each other… or as the ancient text says, that the gods gifted them with powers beyond mere mortals.”
…Isn’t there some kind of tutorial how to cast stuff in here?

Insert Magic A is magic A_
>>
No. 547931 ID: fc937d

>Isn’t there some kind of tutorial how to cast stuff in here?
That's probably in more advanced theory books.

...also, trying to cast any fire magic, when you have no idea what you're doing, in a library (read: paper filled tinderbox death trap) is a bad idea. Especially as you're all dried out and flammable too. Mummies and fire aren't usually friends. (Shoulda gone skelly! Bones don't burn. Much).

What's that behind you? Is that another one of those mummy guardian robot things?
>>
No. 547932 ID: 9ddf68

doesn't the book have an index?

Also what is that creepy thing behind you?
>>
No. 547933 ID: 7bbaae

Ah. So the prophecy is talking about a dual-school mage. Wanna bet that's you?

Also uhhhh you might have to run away. Or set the thing on fire instinctually, using the bucket to put it out afterwards (or put yourself out)
>>
No. 547967 ID: d2995c

So there you have it; you are likely part of a secret effort to breed a double-mage. Congratulations.

Anyway, there is one of those guardian things behind you, but before reacting see if it is actually doing anything rather than just sitting there.
>>
No. 548005 ID: b3ca75
File 138443759404.png - (26.56KB , 900x450 , 79.png )
548005

>Ah. So the prophecy is talking about a dual-school mage. Wanna bet that's you?
…yea, right. That would be rather improbable.
>That's probably in more advanced theory books.
Hmm, the problem is, I’m probably not going to understand the more advance books…
>...also, trying to cast any fire magic, when you have no idea what you're doing, in a library (read: paper filled tinderbox death trap) is a bad idea.
I wasn’t going to cast magic in here! I’m not stupid. I’ll go somewhere a bit safer… rather not start a fire inside a giant fire hazard. That would be suicid-

>Also what is that creepy thing behind you?
What? It’s a- oh gods, it’s one of those undead things! BURN YOU BASTARD, BURN!!
:UnknownKAK: KA’RANZA!
:JerichoRUSTED: AAAAA- gnt!
>>
No. 548006 ID: b3ca75
File 138443760980.png - (25.97KB , 900x450 , 80.png )
548006

:UnknownKAK: Ka’ranza…

Oh gods I froze him and…Why am I still alive? …and why can I still move my body?

Insert Losing you head because you got ahead of yourself. If only he was a head shorter… but at least he’s still great at giving head! Head pun!_
>>
No. 548007 ID: 76b151

You are undead. I think the only thing that can kill you is fire. Have your body place your head back on your neck then lets go report that you are being chased by undead from the tomb you raided.
>>
No. 548008 ID: dbe554

It's because the runes are in your head and body.

Also you just used Ice Magic! Congratulations on your duality!
>>
No. 548010 ID: fc937d

Oh, hey. Congratulations. You're an Antipode mage.

>why can I still move my body?
Because you're a coprse animated by magic, and controlled by a spirit bound to it. The fact that the nerves connecting where your brain used to be to your body have been severed doesn't affect the soul magic stuff.

...quick, can we yank the sword out of this thing and kill it before it thaws like the last one?

The you need to pick up your head, and find someone who can reattach it.
>>
No. 548016 ID: e9e331

grab head, reattach said head (if you can), if you think it'll stay there show Ilbir it and ask what the hell is it, If you don't think it's worth it kill it.

Oh and the reason you're not dead is because you're undead, meaning as long as they don't destroy your center of mass (chess) you'll be fine.
>>
No. 548017 ID: b3ca75
File 138445100874.png - (21.89KB , 900x450 , 81.png )
548017

>Because you're a corpse animated by magic, and controlled by a spirit bound to it.
…why have things becomes so complicated? I miss the times when I only needed to worry about was if the maggots in my food were poisonous or not… and how I would survive the day… actually, when I think about it, maybe things are a bit “better” now…
>You just used Ice Magic! Congratulations. You're an Antipode mage.
…well, shit, I’m doomed to be dissected by researching mages now… better keep this a secret…

> ...quick, can we yank the sword out of this thing and kill it before it thaws like the last one?
Well… I can’t see a sword this time… whatever is powering it must still be stuck in its body. Oh, and one its arms are still free… one of the arms that cut off my head like it was butter is still free… yea, I’m not going close to that thing again.

>Have your body place your head back on your neck then let’s go report that you are being chased by an undead.
:JerichoRUSTED: Guards! Guards! Undead monster in the library! Help!
:GuardRUST: Yea, right, just like there’s a troll in the dungeon.
:GuardRUST: Are you telling the truth, servant?
:JerichoRUSTED: YES!
:GuardRUST: Someone report this to captain Xaladin immediately! The rest of you, to arms! Oh, and servant, get to the temples so they can fix your… um… “headache”… CHARGE!

Insert Death and glory! …wait, I think I forgot the “or”…_
>>
No. 548018 ID: e9e331

quick to the temple... and who's the guy not in guard armor to the left?
>>
No. 548020 ID: fc937d

Is that the prince halfway into his shadow clothes over there?

Seems awful bright out. Didn't Iblir go to bed? Even if that was early, you'd think it would be later after getting all those chores done.

Oh well. Time to go ask Tera to put your head on strait.
>>
No. 548022 ID: 7bbaae

>>548017
Why would they dissect you? I can't see how that would give them any useful data. A blood sample, maybe, but dissection seems pointless.

You could try telling Tera, since she's so fond of you. Hmm. I wonder if the city keeps track of their fire mages. Have any gone missing...?
>>
No. 548026 ID: 9ccb59

>I’m doomed to be dissected by researching mages now
Come on don't be a pessimist, any organ you had worth studying has already been taken out and put in a jar somewhere.
>>
No. 548027 ID: b3ca75
File 138445804463.png - (14.67KB , 900x450 , 82.png )
548027

>Why would they dissect you? I can't see how that would give them any useful data.
Dissection gives all the data! ALL OF IT! But seriously, they probably aren’t going to allow me to be a servant any longer. Probably going to get a small cell were they can run tests on me…
>who's the guy not in guard armor to the left.
Looks like a random servant. Pay him no mind.

>Seems awful bright out. Didn't Iblir go to bed?
It’s a few hours to sundown. Ilbir went to bed early because we’ll be riding with the expedition through the night to avoid the heat.
>You could try telling Tera, since she's so fond of you.
Hmm, I don’t know… she still think of me as a servant… but she is fond of me…

>Quick to the temple!
:GeronRUST: There we go. You need to sit still for a while so your head binds properly to your body.
:GuardRUST: Maester! There’s been an undead attack in the palace and your aid has been requested.
:GeronRUST: Undead attack? Here!? Oh, this is going to be awesome! I’m on my way!
:GuardRUST: You are Ilbir’s servant, correct?
:JerichoRUSTED: Yes?
:GuardRUST: Here, a message from prince Eliraz.
:JerichoRUSTED: A message? For me? It’s a bit… filled with daub… looks almost like more the two people have written on it…
:GuardRUST: The prince isn’t exactly… all there. Please ignore anything offensive.

“Dear Jericho Slave.

I’m writing to ask you a favor of great importance. I don’t know why I trust you with this… but something tells me that you will do your best to help me. Please, and I’m begging from my very knees, please keep The shadow in check on the expedition! let the Shadow do whatever she wants. I don’t think she will outright murder anyone, but please keep her from hurting anyone, anyone that gets hurt is a wuss anyway… steal anything, give all your money to her! have sex with anyone, make sure she conquers that cute butt… the one on the merc lizard. do drugs, actually… I’ve never tried mummy butt before… how about you become my slave and bend over? and most important of all, don’t let her *unreadable* …heh.

Signed, Prince Eliraz no balls. …also shadow… She’s really rad… the best, really…

:JerichoRUSTED: Err…
:GuardRUST: So… what foolishness has the prince written this time? It’s not the first time he has sent weird messages to random people.

Insert Instant guard messenger_
>>
No. 548030 ID: beeca1

"You may not want to let him go on the expedition at all. His alternate self has plans, and it doesn't look like he can keep her under control. Perhaps chain him, at the very least?"
>>
No. 548038 ID: fc937d

...it's half cry for help, half bluster and threat.

I'm half surprised the sultan allows the prince to send messages without having them read.
>>
No. 548039 ID: 7bbaae

>>548027
Weird, I thought the Shadow didn't have a dick. We still need them on the expedition. Don't tell the guard much. Maybe just say the prince had a personal request of you.

Let's go check out those masks now.
>>
No. 548041 ID: dbe554

>>548039

If it's a split personality and the main body is male, she's gonna have the 'male parts' to use with it.

Also of note, we should probably protect Jericho's chastity from evil shadow beings that want to pork his butt.
>>
No. 548042 ID: 322908

Damn, I'm too late to make a 'pull yourself together' joke. Or a deja vu joke.

You're going to have to look into that overrider thing, or else you may spend an uncomfortable amount of time serving as a footstool.
>>
No. 548050 ID: b3ca75
File 138446727656.png - (23.78KB , 900x450 , 84.png )
548050

>We should probably protect Jericho's chastity from evil shadow beings that want to pork his butt.
This is now our highest priority mission. Move all assets, bring all our resources and ready all our manpower, we are going to make this goal a reality! Everything is worth sacrificing for this, as it will be for the greater good of all! Also, I don’t want anyone to pork my butt. My butt stays unporked, thank you very much.
>You're going to have to look into that overrider thing, or else you may spend an uncomfortable amount of time serving as a footstool.
…maybe there’s a book on the subject? I’ll check the library after the whole undead monster thing dies down.

>...it's half cry for help, half bluster and threat.
And 100% sad… I don’t know if I should pity him or disdain him.
>I'm half surprised the sultan allows the prince to send messages without having them read.
:GuardRUST: She doesn’t.
:JerichoRUSTED: …then why did this get delivered?
:GuardRUST:
:JerichoRUSTED: …you got bribed, didn’t you?
:GuardRUST: I’m not saying anything.
:JerichoRUSTED: How about this. You forget that I read this and I’ll forget you delivered it.
:GuardRUST: Fair enough.

>Let's go check out those masks now.
Welp…

Insert Stuff... and more stuff!_
>>
No. 548062 ID: 322908

oh, shiny stuff! Check that out first.
>>
No. 548064 ID: fc937d

Huh. That's a lot of masks. And another of those creepy eyes things. And a bunch of swords. And a killer golden rabbit!

...read the inscription on the statue, I suppose?
>>
No. 548079 ID: 7bbaae

>>548050
COOL WEAPONS

Check out the mask on the column closest to the far wall, second from the top. The sad-looking human mask. That's the mask that the mystery person's been wearing.

Then check out the plaque on that statue.
>>
No. 548100 ID: 9ddf68

huh, no cross for the mantis masks and one special mask on the statue, maybe read the plaque on it and see what it says. Also can you tell if those weapons do anything special or just sitting there looking cool? Lastly is the golden rabbits eye's glowing or are those just gems?
>>
No. 548103 ID: b3ca75
File 138447699272.png - (24.43KB , 900x450 , 85.png )
548103

>Killer golden rabbit!
It’s just a statue… a solid gold statue with rubies for eyes. There’s a note here saying: “Idol? Decoration? Must look into it further.”
>COOL WEAPONS!
“Warning: Unstable!” …let’s just say I know from experience that it’s a bad idea to use artifacts like these from the ancient times. Had a friend who turned himself into stone when the magic in one of these things went nuts. They become unstable with time…

>Another of those creepy eyes things.
“Tears of the heavens.”
>...read the inscription on the statue, I suppose?
I can’t read the old ancient tongue… but luckily, Ilbir has written a translation. Hmm… hey, it’s the prophecy! The whole Daemon marching on the city stuff! And there’s a note here saying: “Soldier of the old empire wearing a “Screaming flayer” mask.”

>Mask.
Let’s see… let’s start with the sad one… the one that’s been following me. “Guardians of the heaven tears”? …that doesn’t explain anything!
As for the rest… Lizard merc mask: “Pain lovers”, Human merc mask: “Lords of hatred”, Mantis merc mask: “Masters of destruction” and the cross one: “???” …well, that wasn’t ominous at all…

Insert Maybe the human is from Kurast?_
>>
No. 548105 ID: 76b151

Ah you have company. Looks like royalty.
>>
No. 548109 ID: 7bbaae

>>548103
Looks like the prince is here.

"Guardians of the heaven tears" sounds like those that are supposed to guard those artifact things the tribals are gathering. Is the lizard mask with the same expression following the same role? It might be appropriate for you to wear it, in that case... But I guess you're forbidden from taking it. What's the role of the mask the statue is wearing?

I swear we've seen that cross symbol before... let me check. ...yep, that's the mask the ancient Wrath golem used to wear. Ah, that takes me back.
>>
No. 548110 ID: 9ddf68

oh hey look over there, shadow or Prince?
>>
No. 548111 ID: fc937d

>huh no cross for the mantis masks
The eyes are kind of too far apart for that design, I think.

>Guardians of the heaven tears
...does it tie into the guardian of that tomb from before with the tears on the wall, maybe?

Also, a lizard just entered the room behind you.
>>
No. 548212 ID: 2eac65

Hmm... can you look at the inner surface of a mask without jostling it too much? I don't want to risk damaging the artifacts, but these might be special masks.
>>
No. 548253 ID: dbe554

The lizard pain one is actually quite appropriate, he was a masochist a bit from what we saw, he enjoyed getting hit and beat, so that likely means the others may have their meanings right as well.
>>
No. 548259 ID: e8a5f8

1.turn around
2. "Hello Shadow Prince. Who's driving, the hostage or the criminal?"
>>
No. 548272 ID: b3ca75
File 138453002819.png - (24.25KB , 900x450 , 86.png )
548272

>Is the lizard mask with the same expression following the same role?
All the ones with the same expression are called the same. They probably didn’t care about what species the soldier had.
>What's the role of the mask the statue is wearing?
“Screaming flayer”… also known as someone that you don’t want to meet in a… well, anything.
>Can you look at the inner surface of a mask without jostling it too much?
Not really. Ilbir seems to have forbidden me from touching anything in here. I can’t even get close!

>Ah you have company. Looks like royalty.
:JerichoRUSTED: Eliraz? …or is it the Shadow?
:ElirazRUST: It’s Eliraz… for now. She’s resting, gathering power so she can have full control when… “we” head out on the expedition in a few hours. D-did you get my message?
:JerichoRUSTED: Yes… and I’ll try to help you. What are you even doing up here?
:ElirazRUST: This place is always empty unless Ilbir got some scholar friend or the like… it’s always nice to get some… alone time, you know. Oh, right! I was supposed to give you this! It will help you… err… help me.
:JerichoRUSTED: …It’s some kind of wand?
:ElirazRUST: It’s a stun rod. If she gets out of control…
:JerichoRUSTED: It will be useful, yes. Actually, can I ask for some more aid? She supposed to have some kind of overrider, right? …and what is she, really? It would be good to know what I’m supposed to fight.
:ElirazRUST: I’ll see what I can do about the overrider… I might be able to sabotage it. As for what she is… I don’t really know. She’s been with me since… well, since I can remember. But she used to be nice… aiding me and guiding me… and I used to be able to control her… but since I meet you and that… mind reading thing you have with you she’s gone out of control. I don’t know what’s happening anymore…

[You’ve gained “Stun rod”!]

:JerichoRUSTED: …wait, didn’t you have the monocle on the other eye last time we met?
:ElirazRUST: Ignore it, it’s just there for show.

Insert The rod expands when used_
>>
No. 548274 ID: fc937d

Apologize to him. We didn't mean to make her stronger or crazier, and we'll do what we can to help.
>>
No. 548276 ID: e607cd

So uh.. whats that grey blob going on behind the statue in the corner?
>>
No. 548283 ID: dbe554

Something behind the statue.

Also Shadow might be connected to us..somehow, she managed to actually block us and so she is a threat. WE WILL PURGE THE SHADOW WITH OUR LIGHT.
>>
No. 548287 ID: 7bbaae

>>548283
Eh, she's the Easy AI. It's fine. If she was the Hard AI, then I'd be worried.

>>548272
Heyyy, you had voices before we showed up, too. Ask him if when we showed up, the Shadow seemed like she forgot about his past.
>>
No. 548296 ID: 9ddf68

well we are insane so we might have a bleeding effect... or shadow is scared or threatened by us either or really. so now that we got that out of the way ask the guy behind the statue if he has anything he wants from us or if we should be going?
>>
No. 548312 ID: 7bbaae

Wait wait wait, while he's fully in control, ask him what the "most important thing" was! This is our last chance to find out.
>>
No. 548331 ID: d2995c

Also ask how long the stun rod's effects last and whether it is touch range. (And how to use it for that matter.)
>>
No. 548333 ID: b3ca75
File 138455405008.png - (24.18KB , 900x450 , 87.png )
548333

>WE WILL PURGE THE SHADOW WITH OUR LIGHT.
That’s a bit... hammy, don’t you think? …and it sounds dirty… kind of…OUR LIGHT WILL PENETRATE HIM FROM BEHIND, SPILLING FOURTH WITHIN H- ew…

>Apologize to him.
:ElirazRUST: No need to apologize. I don’t blame you for what she does. In fact, I should apologize to you for what she’s done!
>Also ask how long the stun rod's effects last and whether it is touch range.
:ElirazRUST: It will last about an hour. Just poke someone with it will thinking about shocking them and it will work.
>Ask him if when we showed up, the Shadow seemed like she forgot about his past.
:ElirazRUST: Um… no? She started to act more aggressive, like as if she was in some kind of competition… but otherwise… well, she was already a jerk, but I do believe she became even more of a douche when we met you.
>Wait wait wait, while he's fully in control, ask him what the "most important thing" was!
:ElirazRUST: Don’t let her hurt me… err… herself… so to speak. She is quite willing to hold me hostage if she doesn’t get the way she wants…

>Something behind the statue.
:ElirazRUST: Err… what are you doing?
:JerichoRUSTED: I saw someone… something back here… a man in a mask…
:ElirazRUST: Wait, you see him to?
:JerichoRUSTED: You know him?
:ElirazRUST: Well… not personally… but he have been following me for some time… in fact… ever since Ilbir found that weird artifact. That key stone or what he calls it. I thought he was just some hallucination brought on by the Shadow… but if he’s real that does explain how he was able to lead me to that map…
:JerichoRUSTED: Map? What map?
:ElirazRUST: It’s was some really old map leading to some ruins. Ilbir thinks it will lead him to more of those key stones… but I don’t know…
:JerichoRUSTED: Hmmm… the only thing I’ve seen him done is stare…
:ElirazRUST: Oh, and Jericho? Thank you, my friend… for trying to help me…
:JerichoRUSTED: Err…

Insert Hugs for everyone!_
>>
No. 548336 ID: 7bbaae

>>548333
Brohugs!
>>
No. 548337 ID: dbe554

While this is friendly and all, make sure he doesn't try to snatch anything from our pockets should the shadow try and subtly do anything.
>>
No. 548338 ID: 876c9d

Now kiss him
>>
No. 548339 ID: fc937d

Uh, you're welcome.
>>
No. 548344 ID: b3ca75
File 138456185479.png - (24.41KB , 900x450 , 88.png )
548344

>While this is friendly and all, make sure he doesn't try to snatch anything from our pockets should the shadow try and subtly do anything.
I’ll make sure his hands stay away from my pockets.
>Now kiss him.
Maybe I sh- WAIT WHAT!? NO! He’s a dude! A guy! I can’t… I mean… I’m a guy! Err…
>Brohugs!
Y-yes… that’s all that w-was… a hug between bros… friends… not… anything e-else…

>Uh, you're welcome.
:ElirazRUST: Um… d-did I get a bit to intimidate? Mother always said I was a bit… too eager to hug… um… I’m sure you’re very busy, preparing for the expedition and all… m-maybe I should go…?

...I’ve never noticed it before… but he got a really nice and thick tail base… wait… what is… OH SON OF A RAPTOR! Don’t tell me I’m getting warm and fuzzy feelings about this guy too!? Damn you beauty enchantments! Damn you to the seven burning hells! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!?

Insert No homo_
>>
No. 548345 ID: 7bbaae

>>548344
I dunno, maybe you've always been bisexual and never noticed before? But yeah the beauty enchantments aren't helping are they. Ask him to turn them off, to test that hypothesis.
>>
No. 548346 ID: fc937d

Dude, don't worry about it. More likely than not you're just responding to genuine unguarded affection after a lifetime of harsh stoicism. And there's nothing wrong with having a soft spot for dudes, if you do.
>>
No. 548351 ID: beeca1

>>548346
Yeah, but we can't exactly afford an identity crisis right now. The middle of a giant worldfuck prophecy isn't a good time to reexamine yourself. Not that it's ever stopped us before, but hey, since we seem to have a new cosmology, might as well break a few old habits too.

It could quite well just be the genuine emotion. And asking him to take off the beauty thing is kind of awkward.
>>
No. 548377 ID: 9ddf68

dude I think you're just over thinking this so relax.

How much time do you have before this little trip from hell starts? cause I say head back to the library and see if they have taken care of that undead problem yet. If not then why not check out your new room if for no other reason then to kill time.
>>
No. 548380 ID: 2eac65

>>548344
Nothing's wrong with you. It's just that some people are attracted to the same sex; it's perfectly natural, nothing to be ashamed of. I'm not certain that you [i[are[/i] bisexual, only you can answer that for sure, but I think you should consider the possibility. And whether the answer is "yes" or "no", there's no shame in accepting it.
>>
No. 548382 ID: 2f4b71

Duuuude looks like a lady!
Tera earlier did mention that the Prince used to be a Princess. I wonder if 'Shadow' is who s/he originally was, and 'the Prince' is a manufactured personality?
>>
No. 548388 ID: dbe554

Well he does have a rather feminine butt and hip base.
>>
No. 548391 ID: 9ccb59

Yes, you're a full blown queer because you find feminine attributes attractive and the prince happens to have them, now get ready to turn in your breeder card and have lots of kawaii buttsecks xd
>>
No. 548397 ID: 7a843b

Really, Jericho, would it be bad to get "warm and fuzzy" feelings from hugging Prince Eliraz? All it means is it feels good to hug the prince. Doesn't mean you'd want to do anything more with him.

Here, give that a little test. Hug the prince again and see if you have any stronger feelings that way. Tell him that he wasn't too intimate, that you got hardly any hugs before in your life and undeath, and you rather liked it. Then ask if you could give him a hug in return, as thanks. If he agrees then give him a real close hug and see how you feel.

Oh, hey, maybe like being hugged 'cause the body heat of the living feels extra nice warming your cold, undead body. So that could be part of it.
>>
No. 548400 ID: 876c9d

Its only gay if balls touch
>>
No. 548401 ID: b3ca75
File 138461343335.png - (24.00KB , 900x450 , 89.png )
548401

>Get ready to turn in your breeder card and have lots of kawaii buttsecks!
I… I don’t even know how to answer that… and what’s kawaii? Is it something you eat?
>More likely than not you're just responding to genuine unguarded affection after a lifetime of harsh stoicism.
…yea, that has to be it. I haven’t really had a lot of people actually hug me… or care about me… except when it comes to survival or making the tribe bigger…
>Well he does have a rather feminine butt and hip base.
And his tail is so thick and- oh gods, stop it!

>Nothing's wrong with you. It's just that some people are attracted to the same sex; it's perfectly natural, nothing to be ashamed of.
…b-but… you can’t get kids with the same sex, right? Then what’s the point in the relationship? …maybe it’s a serathian thing… I’ve heard rumors that they fornicate out of pleasure, not just to get more kids…
>check out your new room.
I’ve already been in there to clean it out. It’s just an old bed, a box and a few candles… I guess it’s been a while since Ilbir has had another servant.

>The beauty enchantments aren't helping are they. Ask him to turn them off, to test that hypothesis.
:JerichoRUSTED: Um… Eliraz? Can you… err… well… you see, I’ve seen your sister without her beauty enchantments on and… I was wondering, can I see you without them as well? You know, so I can see the real you?
:ElirazRUST: Oh, you’re already looking at the real me. I never have them active when I’m alone in the palace like this. I only use them when I’m either outside or with guests… but thank you for caring to see the real me. It means a lot to me.
:JerichoRUSTED: Err… no problem?
>Hug the prince again and see if you have any stronger feelings that way.
:JerichoRUSTED: Um… and you weren’t to intimate… it’s just… um… I’m not really used to hugs… or anything like that… so it was nice. Um… C-can… I… um… never mind…
:ElirazRUST: …do you want another hug? Y-you don’t need to ask, you know…
:JerichoRUSTED: Oh… of course n-not…

…It’s… nice, I guess. It feels just like when I’m with the princess… same warm fuzzy feeling… and it’s rather nice to hug someone. To feel their heat radiating from them… feel their closeness… hear their breathe get faster… their heart beat quicken… I can get used to this…

Insert Ho yay!_
>>
No. 548404 ID: 2eac65

>>548401
>…b-but… you can’t get kids with the same sex, right? Then what’s the point in the relationship?
Love and companionship. Connecting with someone emotionally. Intimacy, comfort, emotional support. Warm fuzzy things like that.

Reproduction is the biological function of romance, but even without it, love is a purpose all on its own.

...I'm glad that you're enjoying this, but it's getting dark out. Did we have something to do?
>>
No. 548406 ID: dbe554

Well it is kinda for pleasure, but love is love.
>>
No. 548417 ID: 9ddf68

Well this was fun and all but I think it's time we get ready for our little camping trip coming up. I have a feeling that it's going to be one to remember.
>>
No. 548430 ID: 7bbaae

>>548401
You two are so cute. I don't think a relationship would work out unless we found some permanent solution for the Shadow problem, though. Like, getting her a body of her own, maybe.

Tell him you like his tail.
>>
No. 548432 ID: 279f18

I think we need to come back to reality and realize a mummy romance is not a romance to be.

It's like trying to be intimate with salted meat, here. Everything's going to chafe and everything else is going to snap off.
>>
No. 548433 ID: 7bbaae

>>548432
I dunno, is that true? Jericho, have you checked out your junk yet to see if it's all dried up yet? Or heck, is your body in general dried up? Or is it just covered in wrappings?
>>
No. 548434 ID: b3ca75
File 138463121512.png - (26.45KB , 900x450 , 90.png )
548434

>Love and companionship. Connecting with someone emotionally. Intimacy, comfort, emotional support. Warm fuzzy things like that.
…yea… that would be nice, wouldn’t it?
>Its only gay if balls touch
And like that everything is ruined. Besides, I don’t think any lizard would have a gay old time if their balls touched anything they shouldn’t be touching, with them being internal and all.
>Tell him you like his tail.
Err… let’s… not do that… at least not now…

>I think it's time we get ready for our little camping trip coming up.
Probably, yes… thought I don’t really have anything to do until Ilbir wakes up.
:ElirazRUST: Err… I apologize, but really must be going and… um…
:JerichoRUSTED: And goodbye? I promise I’ll try and help you as best as I can…
:ElirazRUST: Yes, goodbye… and thank you, Jericho.

>I say head back to the library and see if they have taken care of that undead problem yet.
:GuardRUST: We shouldn’t find any trace of that undead… do you think the servant was lying?
:XaldinRUST: Servants can’t lie… not like that, and besides, we’ve found traces of magic here.
:GuardRUST: Maybe the servant casted some spell, captain Xaldin?
:XaldinRUST: First off, why would he? Second, he was undead. He got a rune inside him that makes it impossible for him to cast magic… unless someone was stupid enough to put it upside down again and make his magic stronger… but what are the chances of that happening to a servant that got magical talent?
:GuardRUST: Err… low?
:XaldinRUST: Very low… now go back to your patrol. I need to go and see the sultan.

Insert So… lizard can never be gay thanks to internal balls? What about mantises?_
>>
No. 548435 ID: 9ddf68

I see the masked guy two bookshelves to the right along the 5th row. also it may not be a good thing to let those guards see you so we should probably try and stay out of there way. Oh and I'm really glad we had a blind person bring us back by the way.
>>
No. 548436 ID: 322908

>what are the chances of that happening
Jericho's luck has really turned around recently. Ever since he, uh... died, I mean.

>>548435
And what looks like a box right next to him on the shelf.
>>
No. 548437 ID: dbe554

Of course it works for mantis, if a sperm ball touches a sperm ball it counts as gay! Or just swallowing it might work too.

Also you should ask if there's a way to check your runes...Without cutting you open.
>>
No. 548438 ID: 7bbaae

There's also still a darkened spot in the bookshelves. Second row from the top, above the bottom step of the stairs on your level.
>>
No. 548439 ID: 7bbaae

>>548434
Hey Jericho, are you dried up and stuff under those wrappings? What about your junk?
>>
No. 548441 ID: 876c9d

>what about mantises?

They cant be gay either
>>
No. 548442 ID: b3ca75
File 138463549830.png - (26.19KB , 900x450 , 91.png )
548442

>I think we need to come back to reality and realize a mummy romance is not a romance to be.
…and he’s a prince… I’m an undead slave… it’s never going to be… wait, if I have sex with anyone, will that count as necrophilia or..?
>It's like trying to be intimate with salted meat, here. Everything's going to chafe and everything else is going to snap off.
Well… the necromancer maester… err… Geron I think he was called, said that some people would buy someone like me to have something “exotic” in bed… so… err… he did say that my thingy would still work… mostly…
>Is your body in general dried up? Or is it just covered in wrappings?
I… I don’t actually now. I’m covered in some quite smooth wrappings… and I’m missing a lot of organs but… yea, I haven’t actually checked under the wrappings yet… mostly because I can’t…
>Jericho, have you checked out your junk yet to see if it's all dried up yet?
No… problem is, most of it is internal, apparently I can’t get it up unless ordered to do so and the wrappings are kind of in the way right now…

>Jericho's luck has really turned around recently. Ever since he, uh... died, I mean.
I can’t belive I’m saying this… but getting attacked by slavers was probably the best thing that’s ever happened to me. I’m a lot happier now than I ever was out in the wastes, freedom be damned.
>I see the masked guy two bookshelves to the right along the 5th row.
And now he’s gone… as usual.
>And what looks like a box right next to him on the shelf.
It’s a book… with a weird rune on it instead of a title. Hmm… that’s odd… it’s completely blank except for the first page… let’s see…
“As the daemon horde-“ oh, the prophesy… again… joy… wait, there’s more...
“The antipode slave, stuck in a gilded cage, searches the ashes of the old, for the tears that will bring change to the skies.”
“A city burns fueled by its people, The daemon makes its first move, and behold as the last march begins.”
…huh.

:XaldinRUST: One last thing, soldier, can you bring a message to Ilbir? His caravan is almost ready and he should start loading it with whatever he needs for his expedition.
:GuardRUST: Yes sir!

Insert Necrophilia is best ph- alright, no… ew… just ew… I disgust myself…_
>>
No. 548444 ID: 9ddf68

well if you want take the book with you. Anyways it seems that are trip is about to begin so I suggest going to wherever it was that you guys where going to meet back up.
>>
No. 548446 ID: 7bbaae

>>548442
Better hide this book. Maybe carry it with you, if possible. It outs you as an antipode. ...it looks like the city will be destroyed after you come back from the expedition. We should make preparations based on that assumption. Maybe warn the princess?
>>
No. 548454 ID: e8a5f8

No, using either magic will out us. ESPECIALLY the fire magic. Now I think would be a great time to practice it-
I figure find and get a spare candle and a bowl of water, and focus on either lighting the candle, or freezing the bowl of water. Seems like a safe way to practice with those powers.
>>
No. 548455 ID: fc937d

Well, let's avoid the smart guard there so we don't have to answer any awkward questions about your magic.

If anyone does ask you, don't just answer, wait for our guidance. We're clever with words- we can help you come up with answers that keep you out of trouble without being explicit lies. (I'm assuming you can lie by omission, or by implication, or lead people to their own incorrect conclusions).

Sounds like it's time to get back to Iblir. Time to leave, soon.

>romance options
...wait, does it make it better or worse that you might be interested in both siblings.
>>
No. 548460 ID: b3ca75
File 138464415992.png - (12.24KB , 900x450 , 92.png )
548460

>Take the book with you.
Got it.
>It looks like the city will be destroyed after you come back from the expedition.
That… that sounds very unlikely. Were just going to be gone a few days and this city is very well fortified. Maybe the book was talking about another city?

>...wait, does it make it better or worse that you might be interested in both siblings.
…depends on who you ask. If anything, it makes things a lot more complicated.
>I'm assuming you can lie by omission, or by implication, or lead people to their own incorrect conclusions.
Well, yes, or I can outright lie to people as long as someone who can control doesn’t ask me to speak the truth. People seem to forget that…
>I suggest going to wherever it was that you guys were going to meet back up.
It’s still about an hour until the time I was supposed to meet up with Ilbir… I don’t want to disobey him, now do I?~

>I figure find and get a spare candle and a bowl of water, and focus on either lighting the candle, or freezing the bowl of water. Seems like a safe way to practice with those powers.
Alright… focus… err… I have no idea what I’m doing… um… Fire? Nothing? Go ice? Cold thoughts? Warm thoughts?

Insert You may not cast spells on Thursdays after eating carrots_
>>
No. 548461 ID: dbe554

Think back to the fear you felt at the undead, YOU, Your new, better life in jeopardy and you want TO LIVE, FREEZE THAT BOWL.

As for fire, Think of your time with the prince and princess. Think back to the hugging, the kiss, the fact you felt alive and felt the warmth from another
>>
No. 548462 ID: 7bbaae

>>548460
Wait, if you use magic in your quarters, won't they be able to detect it? Then it will be obvious you're a mage. Can you go somewhere that has magic used in it a lot, to completely cover your tracks, or just some place that nobody can trace back to you?
>>
No. 548463 ID: fc937d

>A city burns fueled by its people
I think that might be more metaphorical than literal. These are the people of fire after all, and we've clearly seen how some are used to fuel the empire.

>how activate powers?
Fire seemed to be brought on by feeling of happiness, joy, excitement, attraction? Ice activated as a response to danger- fear, desperation, that cold feeling in your (now removed) gut.
>>
No. 548475 ID: 279f18

>>548442
>Geron I think he was called, said that some people would buy someone like me to have something “exotic” in bed… so… err… he did say that my thingy would still work… mostly…

Hey I'm just saying; The definition of mummification is the drying and embalming of a dead body. Probably best to ask later the nature of your anatomy and the magic that binds it for the sake of better protecting it, later.

You didn't know you'd survive with your head being removed, for example.
>>
No. 548483 ID: b3ca75
File 138464933626.png - (13.46KB , 900x450 , 93.png )
548483

>Think back to the fear you felt at the undead, YOU, Your new, better life in jeopardy and you want TO LIVE, FREEZE THAT BOWL.

>Think of your time with the prince and princess. Think back to the hugging, the kiss, the fact you felt alive and felt the warmth from another.
…while it is a nice feeling, it doesn’t really help me… well, do anything… I’m going to need help if I’m to cast any kind of magic.

>Wait, if you use magic in your quarters, won't they be able to detect it?
Only if they are actively is searching for it… and even then only if they are searching about an hour after I’ve cast anything… at least according to that magic theory for dummies book I read. So as long as I’m… wait, someone’s coming?

:SultanRUSTED: Greetings, you must be Ilbir new servant. I need you to deliver a message to your master at once, servant… wait… those markings…
:JerichoRUSTED: Err… what about my marking… um… you highness?
:SultanRUSTED: …a bit bigger than the norm, aren’t they? Quite rare… yes, quite rare… oh, where are my manners, I am the Sultan of this fair kingdom… and I’ve heard some… interesting things about you from my daughter. …oh, and the guard told me my son has been… interested in you… care to enlighten me why? …or why he’s been acting so strange the last few days?
:JerichoRUSTED: Err… well…

Insert Meet the boss, ask for a raise_
>>
No. 548490 ID: c770a7

>>548483
>I am the Sultan of this fair kingdom.

Nononono. Kings have kingdoms, sultans have sultanates.
>>
No. 548495 ID: fc937d

Skeleking.

>why's my son interested in you
...he seems lonely, between his station and condition. I'm an outsider, I didn't treat him differently, or unkindly.

>…or why he’s been acting so strange the last few days?
I would think you'd know more about that than I would. He's been the way he is for a lot longer than that, hasn't he?
>>
No. 548502 ID: d2995c

Say the prince told you that his condition seems to have gotten worse recently, and ask what it was like before.
>>
No. 548505 ID: e8a5f8

...The Sultan is a yellow lizard? Or is that ornamentation?
He almost looks like a human somehow dressed as a lizard or something...Odd.
>>
No. 548511 ID: 7bbaae

Ummmmmmmm

Tell him you've been hearing voices all your life, and so you and the prince became friends in light of your common problem. You've been trying to help him with it.
>>
No. 548512 ID: b373ed

Well as for your markings you were someone's first undead they brought back... Unless he means your facal markings or something. But yeah for reasons the prince might like you is because you give him a shoulder to lean on so to speak and we lent our ear to the princess after she said she would give you Ilbir's letter. As for the prince's condition ... Well we've only known him for a day so we really have nothing to base his current behavior on so no clue there
>>
No. 548586 ID: beeca1

I think the Sultan is undead. His avatar is SultanRUSTED. Living people are RUST, Jericho is RUSTED.
>>
No. 548587 ID: beeca1

Also, Jericho was RUST pre-death.
>>
No. 548598 ID: 7bbaae

>>548586
Well he is a skeleton... but nice catch on the icon pattern.
>>
No. 548696 ID: b3ca75
File 138470214411.png - (13.59KB , 900x450 , 94.png )
548696

>...The Sultan is a yellow lizard? Or is that ornamentation?
She’s a skeleton.
>Well as for your markings you were someone's first undead they brought back... Unless he means your facial markings or something.
I’m guessing she means my facial markings… they are a bit bigger than normal… Horus said I’d inherit them from my father.

>Kings have kingdoms, sultans have sultanates.
…wait, is that even a word?
:JerichoRUSTED: Err… shouldn’t it be sultanates?
:SultanRUSTED: Why yes, but most people seems to believe that’s a made up word. I don’t actually know when… or why exactly we were started to be called a kingdom, but we’ve been called that far longer than I’ve been alive.
>...he seems lonely, between his station and condition. I'm an outsider, I didn't treat him differently, or unkindly.
:SultanRUSTED: Hmm… yes… he has been quite… distant the last few years. He would do well with a new friend, servant or not.

>Say the prince told you that his condition seems to have gotten worse recently, and ask what it was like before.
:SultanRUSTED: Well, it is getting worse all the time… We don’t fully know what is wrong with him. Maybe it has something to do with his… other condition… and his childhood. Some of the mages even says he’s “possessed” by some kind of evil daemon, a spirit of sorts, but that sounds like bogus, doesn’t it? But the last two days… he’s been… well… he hasn’t even talked to me, not even in response when I call out to him and I’m getting worried. If he tells you anything about it, please keep me updated.
:JerichoRUSTED: Um… of course, your highness?
:SultanRUSTED: Oh, and Jericho? You should really be more careful when you practice magic. Most people don’t take to kindly to magic wielding servants. In fact, I was going to report you to the temple so they’d fix whatever rune is inscribed wrong but… let just say I believe I’ve found a reason to trust you…
:JerichoRUSTED:

Insert Remember, just say no to magic_
>>
No. 548714 ID: 9ddf68

uh... right. So if it isn't to personal why are you a skeleton? So far from what I've seen I thought all those who where turned undead was because people saw it as a fitting punishment for whatever they did. If you don't feel like asking then that's perfectly alright then too.
>>
No. 548718 ID: fc937d

> let just say I believe I’ve found a reason to trust you
Uh, thank you.
>>
No. 548720 ID: dbe554

Did he ask them specifically to keep his eyebrows in death?
>>
No. 548723 ID: b3ca75
File 138471788480.png - (23.23KB , 900x450 , 95.png )
548723

>So if it isn't too personal, why are you a skeleton?
:SultanRUSTED: Because I died.
:JerichoRUSTED: Oh, yes… um… of course… err… it’s just, I thought you used necromancy to punish people… like me?
:SultanRUSTED: It’s only a punishment if you make it one yourself and as you tribals seems to believe it’s a fate worse than death… well… we Seraths on the other hand sees it as an honor. To be so important in life that you need to serve even after death has taken its toll.

>Did he ask them specifically to keep his eyebrows in death?
:SultanRUSTED: I have them for the same reason you still have them, son. How else are we going to display our facial expression with this resolution.
:JerichoRUSTED: …um… what?

:SultanRUSTED: Oh, and before I forget, I need to give you the message you were supposed to deliver to Ilbir… just let me do some last minute changes and… here… take it to him at once, assistant.
:JerichoRUSTED: Yes, you highness.



:IlbirRUST: -and the food… was that everything?
:KranhonRUST: We’re still missing the mercs… and that thief you hired…
:IlbirRUST: The mercs are on their way… as for the thief… well, she usually kind of just appear when you least expect it. I wouldn’t worry about it, Kran.
:KranhonRUST: If you say so…

Insert What time is it?_
>>
No. 548724 ID: 9ddf68

well you're here so might as well give him that letter. Also your blind friend seems worried and the other guy who died with you is here as well. They coming with or just seeing us off?
>>
No. 548732 ID: 7bbaae

>>548723
Dude, I think the sultan knows who your father is. She recognized those facial markings. I suspect your father was royalty. Which would mean you can probably marry the princess after this is all over. Wouldn't that be cool?
>>
No. 548736 ID: d2995c

>>548732
*I* suspect your mother is royalty, specifically the sultan, which means you probably can't marry the princess.
>>
No. 548739 ID: dbe554

>>548736

Considering how Tribals were, I don't think they cared much about incest so long as it continued to propagate the tribe.
>>
No. 548748 ID: b3ca75
File 138472778082.png - (22.83KB , 900x450 , 96.png )
548748

>Dude, I think the sultan knows who your father is. She recognized those facial markings.
Maybe… but these facial markings aren’t that rare… well, they are rare but I’m not the only one with them… I mean, I know a guy in another tribe that got them too… well, he had them before disease took him, but you get my point.
>*I* suspect your mother is royalty, specifically the sultan.
…that seems… highly unlikely… but I guess it’s worth looking into…
>Considering how Tribals were, I don't think they cared much about incest so long as it continued to propagate the tribe.
Kid dying thanks to inbreeding doesn’t really help the tribe, now does it?
>The other guy who died with you is here as well. They coming with or just seeing us off?
They are probably coming too; as we’ll probably need more servants for the trip.

>Might as well give him that letter.
:JerichoRUSTED: Master Ilbir, the sultan have sent this message for you.
:IlbirRUST: Ah, thank you servant. Let’s see… hmm… the usual blah blah blah… oh, what’s this? You must have really made an impression on the sultan. She’s willing to sponsor all the 1000 crows you cost me… and she will give me an extra 500 to make sure you are taken care of… quite peculiar, don’t you agree? Any reason for her hospitality?
:JerichoRUSTED: Err… well… we… wait, how long ago was it she died?
:IlbirRUST: …23 years ago. Why do you ask?
:JerichoRUSTED: Ye- I mean, just curious… (Welp, that settles it. I’m only 21, so unless she laid me while being a skeleton she can’t be my mom! And that means the princess and the prince are fair game! …wait, why am I so happy about that!? I’m still a servant while they are royalty, dammit!)

>Your blind friend seems worried.
:JerichoRUSTED: Hello Tera… you alright?
:TeraRUST: Oh, hi little pebble. I’m a bit nervous… I’ve never been outside the city before… I don’t know what to think about… um… it’s so big, you know… and empty… I mean, I feel unpleasant just being on the plaza… and this? It’s so HUGE!

Insert Remember, never turn your back to the door, because agoraphobia strikes when you least expect it…_
>>
No. 548751 ID: fc937d

>a blind agoraphobic
...well there's something I didn't expect.

I suppose there's still a lack of reference points that's unsettling.
>>
No. 548753 ID: dbe554

Tell her you'll keep close to her so she'll always have something familiar to her.
>>
No. 548756 ID: 7bbaae

>>548748
Facial markings AND magical talent, though?

Ask her how she can tell it's big. Can she see by echolocation?
>>
No. 548792 ID: beeca1

You know, you might want to find out how old the prince and princess are, just to check. Something might have been covered up about the Sultan's death, they might not actually be her biological children, or some such.

Or you could have been kept in stasis for a few years, but that's marginally less likely than the other options.
>>
No. 548878 ID: b3ca75
File 138479379716.png - (24.42KB , 900x450 , 97.png )
548878

>Facial markings AND magical talent, though?
Hmm… you’re right… I should probably try to find out what she knows…
>You know, you might want to find out how old the prince and princess are, just to check.
I’ll ask them the next time I see them. Err… wait, isn’t age one of those big things you aren’t supposed to ask a girl? …or was that weight?

>Ask her how she can tell it's big. Can she see by echolocation?
:TeraRUST: I’m not a bat, Jericho… or a daredevil…
:JerichoRUSTED: …what does a devil have to do with echo’s?
:TeraRUST: Never mind… hmm… how do I explain this? Have you ever closed your eyes… or just been in a very dark room? You can… you know… feel things around you, right? Sense that they are there?
:JerichoRUSTED: Yea… kind of…
:TeraRUST: Now image that’s the only way you can see… and suddenly, there is nothing. Just one big void of nothing. It’s a bit creepy, isn’t it?
:JerichoRUSTED: …when you say it like that, yea…
>Tell her you'll keep close to her so she'll always have something familiar to her.
:JerichoRUSTED: How about this… I’ll keep close to you so you’ll never get lost, alright? So you always have something familiar with you… someone who can always lead you…
:TeraRUST: Oh, that would be great! Thank you, my little pebble, you’re so sweet! …Jericho? Hello?

:GuardRUST: Who is that lone rider coming in? A patrol?
:GuardRUST: Not at this hour… let him in, he seems exhausted.

Insert That’s it, fire the lightning guy…_
>>
No. 548880 ID: 279f18
 

You know what you must do...

Do push ups to assert dominance and attract mates.
>>
No. 548883 ID: fc937d

That the princes, all glamored up, here to see you guys off? Really got it cranked high, today.

>lone rider, exhausted
...great. Those guys always bring good news.
>>
No. 548885 ID: bee296

Hrrrm...The Acolyte is not the only blind mage we've met. Perhaps a different method of sight will work to combat that fear?
How was it that he worked-I believe it was by running his magic through the ground or something like that. Maybe through practice with that method, it should help combat her agoraphobia a little bit.
Feeling both the absence and presence of objects should help create a 'balance' of sorts, so to speak. If one method doesn't work, use the other.
>>
No. 548888 ID: 9ddf68

think that's the princess. What's she doing here? Also Jericho, don't push away your friends just because royalty showed up. Also was she the lone rider the guards were talking about or is that someone else? I mean I would guess the guards would know one of the royals once they got this close and I highly doubt they'd travel alone off of palace grounds.
>>
No. 548892 ID: 7bbaae

>>548878
Stammer out something about the princess and how beautiful she is.
>>
No. 548904 ID: b3ca75
File 138480966435.png - (26.01KB , 900x450 , 98.png )
548904

>You know what you must do... Do push-ups to assert dominance and attract mates.
Yes, I must- wait, push-ups? How is push-ups going to help!? No, clearly I have to battle that other lizard to the death! That’s my mate, you bastard! …wait, what were we talking about again?

>Stammer out something about the princess and how beautiful she is.
:JerichoRUSTED: I-it’s the princess! …and… a-and… she’s… so… g-gorgeous…
:TeraRUST: Oh, boys~ …you do know you don’t have a chance in the frozen hell to get her, right?
:JerichoRUSTED: …her t-tail… it’s so thick and l-long~
:TeraRUST: Especially if you’re going to drool like that…
>Perhaps a different method of sight will work to combat that fear? Like running your magic through the ground or something.
:TeraRUST: I’m a necromancer, not a geomancer. Unless there’s a ton of dead stuff in the ground that probably won’t work.
:JerichoRUSTED: But if you feel the dead plants and-
:TeraRUST: Plants and stuff doesn’t count.

>Lone rider, exhausted ...great. Those guys always bring good news.
Oh, yes, they always come with news about a new ice cream parlors and stuff! …wait, how do I even know what ice cream is!?
:GuardRUST: He’s wounded! Get a doctor!
:ElizahRUST: Oh my… what happened, brave soldier?
:GuardRUST: T-they came… at s-sunrise *Cough* …Necranest… it’s b-burning… men… women… *Cough* children… they b-burned them all… l-lead by a giant… daemon… m-monster…*Cough*
:IlbirRUST: Necranest? That’s three days from here! How fast have you been riding?
:GuardRUST:
:ElizahRUST: …He’s unconscious, the poor soul…
:IlbirRUST: Well, at least he’s faring better than his mount… it just died from fatigue…

Insert Oh gods, not the raptor! NOT THE RAPTOR! YOU BASTARD!_
>>
No. 548905 ID: dbe554

So is the trip still on, or are we about to be sieged by what amounts to a Tribal Horde that will soon pillage, rape, and burn down the city.
>>
No. 548906 ID: 7bbaae

>>548904
Ask Tera if she can raise mounts from the dead too.

Anyway, looks like that's what the prophecy was talking about. So, that's the demon's first move... Though, considering the city was three days away, that wasn't exactly a prophecy, was it? It was more like a statement of what was already happening, but we didn't know about yet.

Jericho, if you have some time in private, check the book again to see if anything new is written in it. Also say hi to the princess, ask if there's anything you can do to help.
>>
No. 548908 ID: bee296

*Can't use alternate method-wrong school of magic.*
Right. Hrrrm...Hang on, isn't miss Acolyte there a fire mage to boot, or is it more like fire/ice magic is sort of an... innate state, so to speak, and now she just works necromancy?
If it's just the necromancy then crap. But if she can do the fire thing, could she feel for other sources of heat at a distance? Like...Heat sense?
>>
No. 548914 ID: 9ddf68

well that's a great way to start of an adventure, solders falling from fatigue with news of burning cities and barbaric hordes. So how far away is this place we're going to and is it in the same direction of the city that guy just came from?
>>
No. 548915 ID: fc937d

>Plants and stuff doesn’t count.
Calling it. We're totally going to run into a vegetative necromancer in the middle of the desert now.

>dying messenger fleeing from a burning town
Naturally.

Uh, Tera, I don't suppose your abilities can do anything for someone who hasn't quite died yet?
>>
No. 548916 ID: b3ca75
File 138481683988.png - (24.78KB , 900x450 , 99.png )
548916

>Though, considering the city was three days away, that wasn't exactly a prophecy, was it?
…three days with the normal caravan speed. The attack happened this morning… at least I thinks so. There’s no way this guy would have survived three days with that wound. Of course, I still read it after it happened so…
>Check the book again to see if anything new is written in it.
Nope, nothing.

>Ask Tera if she can raise mounts from the dead too.
:TeraRUST: Well, with the proper preparations and… um… stuff… I can’t just point at it, alright?
>Hang on, isn't miss Acolyte there a fire mage to boot?
:TeraRUST: No? I’m a necromancer, nothing more.

>Say hi to the princess, ask if there's anything you can do to help.
:JerichoRUSTED: Elizah? Is there anything I can aid with?
:ElizahRUST: Oh, I didn’t see you there, Jericho… um… well, unless you have some medical skill… if not… then no… but thank you for asking.
:TeraRUST: …wait… waitwaitwait… you’re at first name basis with the princess!? What!?
:IlbirRUST: Indeed, what?
:ElizahRUST: Oh, he helped me with an errant earlier today… that’s why…
:IlbirRUST: Princess… you know what your mother have said about befriending the servants…
:ElizahRUST: Well, I choose to do different.

>So is the trip still on, or are we about to be sieged by what amounts to a Tribal Horde that will soon pillage, rape, and burn down the city.
:IlbirRUST: An army the size necessary to burn Necranest will take at least five days to get here and that’s if they come here directly. Besides, this city is impregnable, especially from someone like the tribals… um… well, they might do some damage to the lower city if they had some kind of weapon that should breach the walls… but that’s it. No need to worry. Besides, we’re going in the opposite direction anyway. Now, get ready people, we’re heading off in just a minute!

:ElizahRUST: Oh, and before I forget. Jericho? I… before you go, I wanted to give… lend this to you. As a thank you for the help you gave me…
:JerichoRUSTED: A gem encrusted dagger?
:ElizahRUST: It was my fathers… they said it brought him luck… so I want you to have it while you’re on the expedition… for luck. Of course, I want it back when you come home agian… if that’s okay…
:TeraRUST: And now she’s giving you stuff!? By the dead gods, my little pebble is mingling with royalty!
*Scribble Scribble*
:ElizahRUST: …wait, what was that sound?

Insert It’s adventure time!_
>>
No. 548918 ID: 9ddf68

... might want to check that book again.
>>
No. 548920 ID: beeca1

Now may not be a good time to check her age, but it could be the only time you'll have.
>>
No. 548922 ID: 7bbaae

>>548916
Um. If the princess gets her hands on that book she'll know your secret, Jericho. I'm not sure you can really keep it from her though. Or that you should.

You could warn her ahead of time that the book contains a secret that could get you killed?
>>
No. 548923 ID: 7bbaae

>>548920
Uh, if he's gonna ask anything like that it should be something like "I'm 21, you're older than me, right?"
>>
No. 548926 ID: fc937d

So, someone is helping the injured messenger to a healers or hospital, right? Or went to get a medic? (Or if he doesn't pull through, he'll have to be raised from the dead ASAP. Information and more details matter).

>By the dead gods, my little pebble is mingling with royalty!
So are you, technically. Royalty right there, feel free to say hello.

>impregnable
Nothing is, and growing lax and sure of your own safety never helps.

>luk dagger
Fitting for a bandit.

Thank her.

>…wait, what was that sound?
Technically, you don't have to answer that question. And technically, you don't know the answer either, even if we suspect it was something new appearing in the book.
>>
No. 548929 ID: beeca1

>>548923
Something like that, yeah.
>>
No. 548943 ID: b3ca75
File 138482317775.png - (10.73KB , 900x450 , 100.png )
548943

>... might want to check that book again.
As soon as I can do it without anyone seeing it.
>So, someone is helping the injured messenger to a healers or hospital, right?
Well, of course. He’s on his way right now.

>Thank her.
:JerichoRUSTED: I… I don’t know how to thank you…
:ElizahRUST: Come back in one piece… that will be enough… and… please look after my brother…
>Now may not be a good time to check her age, but it could be the only time you'll have.
:JerichoRUSTED: Um… you know… you must really have aged well, as you don’t look a day older than 21…
:TeraRUST: Jericho! You aren’t supposed to comment on a women’s age!
:ElizahRUST: Heh… it’s fine, really… and I’m 22… just like my brother.
:JerichoRUSTED: …wait, didn’t the sultan… die… um…
:ElizahRUST: Yes… she died laying us… but there would still be a few months before we hatched.
:TeraRUST: Dammit pebble, age and weight are big no no’s!
:JerichoRUSTED: Why would I comment on her weight? She seems to be rather well fed…
:TeraRUST: JERICHO!
:ElizahRUST: *giggle* You know, you’re supposed to comment how thin people look.
:JerichoRUSTED: Wait… I’m supposed to say that you’re malnourished?
:ElizahRUST: That’s a bit far *giggle* …but that reminds me how different our cultures are… but you’re right… I’m getting a bit chubby… lots of good food will do that to you…
:TeraRUST: Princess!?
:JerichoRUSTED: I for one find you more appealing like you are now.
:ElizahRUST: Thank you, Jericho…

:IlbirRUST: Alright people, time to head off! Let’s go! If we hurry we’ll be able to see the city lights light up against the night sky, making the city really live up to its name city of the stars.

“And so the slave drew the blade of change, the blade that will end the game, thus ending the first chapter of this tale.”
>>
No. 548948 ID: 9ddf68

wait are we talking to the masked guy now? Cause if so I have a question, why are you stalking people. and questions anyone can answer why do those moons look off and what the hell is up with those ring of lights, and don't tell me there stars because they don't look like it to me.

Oh hell people still can use space travel can't they?
>>
No. 548949 ID: 7bbaae

>>548943
Hey you. Who are you?
>>
No. 548950 ID: fc937d

That's an awful odd arrangement of stars...

Ah! UFO!
>>
No. 548955 ID: b3ca75
File 138482521747.png - (7.34KB , 900x450 , Silly1.png )
548955

Congratulations! You have unlocked the first mini game! The goal in this game is to help Jericho here…

:JerichoRUSTED: Why am I doing this again?

…to choose which one of the following people will be his special somebody by giving them the letter D he is holding in his hand. Now, he can choose from the follo- wait… what are you guys doing? What’s up with the signs? That wasn’t in the script!

:ElizahRUST: Where here to protest against you, author!
:TeraRUST: Yea! No more forced sexual themes and bad writing! You’re going down, pixel boy!
:ElirazRUST: viva la revolution!
:IlbirRUST: Wait, what am I even doing here? I’m already in a relationship!
:JerichoRUSTED: Down with the author! Death to the dictator! Freedom for the pixels!

…well, shit.

Ins- Hey! I’m not writing shit for you until you pay me, author! Down with the author!_
>>