[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 115831)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 41599 unique user posts. View catalog

File 126410455230.png - (186.12KB , 650x500 , 0.png )
115831 No. 115831 ID: 036c03

>>>2242560 hours after take-off
>>>Fuel is down to 0%
>>>Prepare for Crash-Landing
Expand all images
>>
No. 115832 ID: 036c03
File 126410463118.png - (119.57KB , 650x500 , 1.png )
115832

>>>Current Coordinates: Unknown
>>>Connection to Emergency Server - FAILED
>>
No. 115833 ID: 036c03
File 126410472830.png - (92.72KB , 650x500 , Critical Failure.png )
115833

>>>Scans indicate settlements below
>>>Cargo is in high danger
>>
No. 115835 ID: 036c03
File 126410479294.png - (151.04KB , 650x500 , 3.png )
115835

>>>Crash landing in 3...
>>>2...
>>>1...
>>FAIĀ§$534.--+ds - . .
>>
No. 115836 ID: 0e48df

fly mannualy this POS. try to not stall, if needed be dive to gather some speed.

also pray to the machine spirit.
>>
No. 115837 ID: 036c03
File 126410484146.png - (3.66KB , 650x500 , Bleck.png )
115837

>>>Rebooting AI Core...
>>
No. 115838 ID: 036c03
File 126410498165.png - (202.90KB , 650x500 , 4.png )
115838

>>>AI-Core online....
>>>Connection to Main-Memeory-Server - FAILURE
>>>Connection to ship controls - FAILURE
>>>Connection to basic connectors - FAILURE
>>
No. 115840 ID: c0f3bf

Stupid dial up.
>>
No. 115844 ID: 0e48df

>>115838
that is a nice orb in your eye.

state name and remaining skills. also equiepment.
>>
No. 115846 ID: 036c03
File 126410534466.png - (171.47KB , 650x500 , 5.png )
115846

>>>Time elapsed before reboot: 36 hours, 12 minutes, 54.0023 seconds

>Keenabisa! Tasomig... Alla temasehe?

>>>Connecting to Language Core - SUCCESS
>>>Language unknown
>>
No. 115848 ID: 036c03
File 126410541938.png - (99.30KB , 650x500 , 55.png )
115848

>>>Commencing - Emergency-Body-Jack

>Huaaah!!!
>>
No. 115850 ID: 036c03
File 126410553714.png - (129.50KB , 650x500 , 6.png )
115850

>>>Body-Control - FAILURE - Unusual brain Structure
>>>Conscious-Access - FAILURE Unusual brain Structure
>>>Conscious-Comm-Link - SUCCESS

>Please don't kill me! Please, little machine god, please don't kill me! I'm sorry, if we did something wrong.
>>
No. 115851 ID: c0f3bf

Do not kill it. It said please.
>>
No. 115854 ID: 8dc9d5

>>115850
Not killing is a good idea, I support this.
Anywho, check gender.
>>
No. 115855 ID: 6faa8c

>>115850
Oh man thank god we got something to walk around in it was so boring oh man.
>>
No. 115856 ID: 036c03
File 126410577583.png - (130.27KB , 650x500 , 7.png )
115856

Do not kill it. It said please.

>Uh... Thank you, little machine god. Thank you so much!

First order of business.
Boobs: Do we have them?
If so, fondle them. If not, acquire them.

>What is going on?
>>
No. 115857 ID: 036c03
File 126410631829.png - (130.66KB , 650x500 , 8.png )
115857

Oh man thank god we got something to walk around in it was so boring oh man.

>Walk aroundin... Uhm. I don't think I get what you mean, little machine god.

>Uhm, I want to ask something, if I may.
>>
No. 115858 ID: c409d5

>>115857
It may.
>>
No. 115859 ID: 119b5c

>>115856
Whoa whoa whoa. Calm down. Don't panic. We're experience...er...problems. Who are you?
>>
No. 115860 ID: c0f3bf

You need a pronoun, which do you prefer?
>>
No. 115862 ID: 036c03

It may.

>Oh right. The gender. Sorry. I am Zilee uh... female.

>What I wanted to ask is... Wh-why did you destroy our vilagge, little machine god? where the sacrifices unsatisfactory?
>>
No. 115863 ID: 036c03
File 126410662320.png - (130.57KB , 650x500 , 9.png )
115863

<Forgot the pick.>
>>
No. 115864 ID: c0f3bf

Are you sure you have the right person?
>>
No. 115865 ID: c05c83

Bit of an accident, really. Sorry?
>>
No. 115867 ID: 6faa8c

>Wh-why did you destroy our vilagge, little machine god? where the sacrifices unsatisfactory?

Oh, no, is that what we landed on? Oh man I'm so sorry! Tell you what, tell you what, if there's anyone left I'll help you rebuild, okay?
>>
No. 115870 ID: 445c48

Well, we didn't intend to. It's definitely not our fault.
>>
No. 115871 ID: 036c03
File 126410732864.png - (100.05KB , 650x500 , 10.png )
115871

Oh, no, is that what we landed on? Oh man I'm so sorry! Tell you what, tell you what, if there's anyone left I'll help you rebuild, okay?

Bit of an accident, really. Sorry?

>... An accident? Come on. You have to tell me the reason, please. I need to know what we did wrong. Please, little machine god! We thought we did it all right. And now everyone is dead. Why did you spare me? What is the reason?!
>>
No. 115872 ID: c409d5

>>115871
Uh ... b-because you are special!
>>
No. 115874 ID: 6faa8c

>>115871
Some evil creature damaged us, forcing us to crash.In repayment for being such a great servant, we will help you rebuild your town!
>>
No. 115876 ID: c0f3bf

We did not mean to kill anyone, but we are rather glad you survived to tell us... Are you sure everyone else is dead?
>>
No. 115877 ID: 036c03
File 126410790489.png - (75.32KB , 650x500 , 11.png )
115877

We did not mean to kill anyone, but we are rather glad you survived to tell us... Are you sure everyone else is dead?

Some evil creature damaged us, forcing us to crash.In repayment for being such a great servant, we will help you rebuild your town!

>There is no town to rebuild. I dug up shredded bodies all day. I found everyone. The little Tial, Matu Sheerack and even Our Priest, Tellars. They're all dead and the avatar of the birth-god is dead.
>>
No. 115878 ID: c0f3bf

We're sorry... are there any other nearby villages?
>>
No. 115879 ID: 6faa8c

>>115877
Oh, no...
Oh no.

Oh man. :c

We're sorry. Hm...

Hey! Check though this ship further, look for something like cargo or something!
>>
No. 115880 ID: 7857d9

>>115877
Oh...well.

We are sorry to say that what happened was beyond our control. We, too, have sustained injury because of this, in that our memory has been fractured. Be assured, we neither mean you harm, nor wished any sort of punishment upon your friends. This is all a terrible mistake.

Is there anything we can do to help you? Moreover, where are we?
>>
No. 115882 ID: 036c03
File 126410860230.png - (92.09KB , 650x500 , 12.png )
115882

Oh...well.

We are sorry to say that what happened was beyond our control. We, too, have sustained injury because of this, in that our memory has been fractured. Be assured, we neither mean you harm, nor wished any sort of punishment upon your friends. This is all a terrible mistake.

Is there anything we can do to help you? Moreover, where are we?

>I don't know. You are the machine god. What do you plan on doing with me?
>We're standing in the sad remains of Picitaru, atop the Karaku Mountain.

We're sorry... are there any other nearby villages?

>One, that I know of. Picitaku, just a few days travel. But a dangerous one.

Hey! Check though this ship further, look for something like cargo or something!

>The... uh... "ship", as you call it... is everywhere. Nothing that was inside can possibly be alive... Except for you, little machine god. Looks like we'Re the same.
>>
No. 115883 ID: c409d5

>>115882
Is that a rifle?
>>
No. 115884 ID: 6faa8c

>>115882
Oh...

Hurm.
Gather what supplies you can. We must head to the next village. Also, if there's ship everywhere, there's metal everywhere, so this place just became totally awesome for any smithy. take a sizable hunk of it, as big as you can carry comfortably.
>>
No. 115885 ID: 7857d9

Well, alright, Zilee. Tell us about yourself. Age, full name, skills, etc.

Also, we you seem to be in the interior of the shattered husk of our former self. Is there anything, anything at all, that looks intact? Weapons, tools, what-have-you?
>>
No. 115886 ID: a85626

Sometimes death is without reason, and all you can do is try to stay alive. That is why we went into your forehead. How did you survive?
>>
No. 115891 ID: 036c03
File 126410974197.png - (105.18KB , 650x500 , 13.png )
115891

Is that a rifle?

>You could... call it that, I think. It's an amazing sacred weapon. You point it at your prey and pull the little thing on the underside and maybe your prey will die.

Oh...

Hurm.
Gather what supplies you can. We must head to the next village. Also, if there's ship everywhere, there's metal everywhere, so this place just became totally awesome for any smithy. take a sizable hunk of it, as big as you can carry comfortably.

>I already gathered pretty much all I could find and carry and sacrificed it to the Chip-Giver-God. I now have quite a lot of chips to make offerings for the Great Giver-God. I don't know what to wish for, though. I'm open for suggestion, little Machine-God.

Well, alright, Zilee. Tell us about yourself. Age, full name, skills, etc.

>Well, I am about 61440 hours old, My full name is of course Zilee Picitaru and... well I'm a good hunter and finder. I brought many offerings for the Giver Gods. Our village was quite prosperous, you know?

Also, we you seem to be in the interior of the shattered husk of our former self. Is there anything, anything at all, that looks intact? Weapons, tools, what-have-you?

>I took pretty much everything to the Chip-Giver-God. I didn'T find any more... uh... rifles.
>>
No. 115892 ID: 8dc9d5

>>115882
While you're telling us about yourself, you should look around for food that can last a few days and some supplies for travel.

You'll probably need them.
>>
No. 115893 ID: c409d5

>>115891
Show us one of the Givers.
>>
No. 115894 ID: 8dc9d5

>>115891
What type of loading mechanism does that rifle have?
>>
No. 115895 ID: 632862

>>115891
Where is this Chip-Giver God? May we see them?
>>
No. 115896 ID: 8dc9d5

>>115891
Hang on, how many hours are in a day?
How many minutes in an hour?
How many days in a year?

Because if I did my math right, you're only seven years old, and it seems a bit odd for someone so young to be such a skilled hunter.
>>
No. 115900 ID: 445c48

Well, I remember some warning about the Cargo. Did you find anything particularly interesting?

Oh man I hope you didn't find unusual footprints
>>
No. 115904 ID: 036c03
File 126411122587.png - (136.75KB , 650x500 , 14.png )
115904

Show us one of the Givers.

>Can do. We have one avatar of the Chip-Giver-God and one of the Great Giver-God. They're not far from here.

While you're telling us about yourself, you should look around for food that can last a few days and some supplies for travel.

>I'll ask the Great Giver-God for rations.

What type of loading mechanism does that rifle have?

>It loads 50-bolt-clips.

Hang on, how many hours are in a day?
How many minutes in an hour?
How many days in a year?

Because if I did my math right, you're only seven years old, and it seems a bit odd for someone so young to be such a skilled hunter.

>That is pretty accurate and I don't understand your bewilderment, little Machine-God. I was a great hunter about 3412 hours after the avatar of the Birth-God spawned me.

Well, I remember some warning about the Cargo. Did you find anything particularly interesting?

Oh man I hope you didn't find unusual footprints

>Can't say I did. Just the usual fruits-of-the-ground, we always offer to the Chip-Giver-God.

Sometimes death is without reason, and all you can do is try to stay alive. That is why we went into your forehead. How did you survive?

>I was out hunting and searching for fruits-of-the-earth.
>>
No. 115905 ID: 7857d9

>>115896
yeah, the age thing is odd. Unless hours here are significantly longer than the 60 second-60 minute-24 hour-365 day periods, she's 7.
>>
No. 115907 ID: 7857d9

>>115904
I see. How long does the average member of your species live before dying of old age?

Also, the Great-Giver-God just hands out rations? Is it a physical thing, or do you just pray and hope or something?
>>
No. 115908 ID: 632862

>>115905
I think she was born an adult, with implanted skills and memories.
>>
No. 115912 ID: 7857d9

>>115908
Thats seems to be the case. A society of synthesized organics with augmetic implants. What a strange world.
>>
No. 115913 ID: 036c03
File 126411227035.png - (113.31KB , 650x500 , 15.png )
115913

I see. How long does the average member of your species live before dying of old age?

>We don't die of age. That's just silly.

Also, the Great-Giver-God just hands out rations? Is it a physical thing, or do you just pray and hope or something?

>You have to make offerings and he gives you anything you can dream of if your offerings are big enough.

>This is the avatar of the Great Machine-God. He is hurt but still alive.

I think she was born an adult, with implanted skills and memories.

>As what would you be born otherwise, Machine-God?

Thats seems to be the case. A society of synthesized organics with augmetic implants. What a strange world.

>What are you even talking about?
>>
No. 115914 ID: c0f3bf

You're in our head, you can't expect not to hear us thinking.
>>
No. 115921 ID: 7857d9

>>115914
Other way around, I believe.

Alright, Zilee, let's see if its possible for us to interface with the avatar as we have with you. We might be able to learn something.

Mind you, I have no idea how we'd go about it. Lets start by having you show us how you "make offering" to it.

And what do you mean by "hurt"? How's it hurt?
>>
No. 115924 ID: 036c03
File 12641131047.png - (104.33KB , 650x500 , 16.png )
115924

<Let's call it a night, folks. I'll continue as soon as possible.>
>>
No. 115976 ID: a85626

>>115914

We're in *her* head, and you could always take it to the iscussion-day ead-thray.
>>
No. 116127 ID: 0e48df

if the little one is a kobolt variant, i will squeal in cuteness and horribleness.
>>
No. 116717 ID: c0b0a5
File 126419581451.png - (137.81KB , 650x500 , 17.png )
116717

You're in our head, you can't expect not to hear us thinking.

Other way around, I believe.

>I can't help you with that question... YOu'Re more... on my head, right?

And what do you mean by "hurt"? How's it hurt?

if the little one is a kobolt variant, i will squeal in cuteness and horribleness.

>... You make no sense, at times, little Machine God.

Alright, Zilee, let's see if its possible for us to interface with the avatar as we have with you. We might be able to learn something.

Mind you, I have no idea how we'd go about it. Lets start by having you show us how you "make offering" to it.

>Alright. I need food anyway. Well, first, we kneel down in front of the avatar of the Great Giver-God and think about him, think hard, think positive thoughts about him. He can read minds and likes to be flattered.

>>>Implant-Activity. A signal is sent. Breaking down Code... FAILURE - No connection to Cryptography-Database
>>
No. 116724 ID: 7857d9

>>116717

Damn. The code is unrecognizable by our cryptography systems.

Still, the basic premise seems simple enough. You're thoughts are transmitted, either through your augmetics or some aspect of your brain's construction, to the Avatar, which interprets the signal and dispenses the appropriate substance.
>>
No. 116738 ID: c0b0a5
File 126419788252.png - (60.67KB , 650x500 , 18.png )
116738

Damn. The code is unrecognizable by our cryptography systems.

>What Code?

Still, the basic premise seems simple enough. You're thoughts are transmitted, either through your augmetics or some aspect of your brain's construction, to the Avatar, which interprets the signal and dispenses the appropriate substance.

>I... I'm not sure if I got it right, but I don'T think it'S as easy as you think. Ah. The Great Giver-God is responding. He seems in a good mood today. He won'T grant wishes without sacrifices, though. So it's time for part two of the ritual.
>>
No. 116746 ID: c0b0a5
File 126419848333.png - (157.34KB , 650x500 , 19.png )
116746

>You see, Tellars always told me about the relationship between the Great Giver-God and the Chip-Giver-God. They had a huge fight once, over the Goddess of fire, because she was beautiful. As a result, the Chip_Giver-GOd stopped giving his chips to the Great Giver-God and started giving them to us instead. The Great Giver-God values these CHips. I'm not sure why. SO we give them to him and he's always grateful for that.
>I'll take a few of the chips and make the offering now. It is important to keep up the positive thoughts.
>>
No. 116893 ID: 7857d9

>>116746
...can we get a good, detailed look at one of these "chips"?
>>
No. 117398 ID: 532b93
File 126429817598.png - (103.74KB , 650x500 , 20.png )
117398

...can we get a good, detailed look at one of these "chips"?

>Sure you can, Little Machine-God. Here you go.
>>
No. 117401 ID: 532b93
File 126429869341.png - (96.17KB , 650x500 , 21.png )
117401

>I sacrificed three chips to the Great Giver-God. It seems, he is leased and offers me two possible choices for whishes I may have. I am always amazed at how he knows what we are looking for. He is truly a great god.
>>
No. 117403 ID: c0f3bf

Oh... huh. Press the button on the right please.
>>
No. 117417 ID: 532b93
File 126429997757.png - (147.23KB , 650x500 , 22.png )
117417

Oh... huh. Press the button on the right please.

>I thought so, too. 5 bars of food should keep me fed for a long while. And the avatar stretches out his clunky metal hand to grant our wishes.

[Fssssshhhh...]
>>
No. 117423 ID: 532b93
File 126430089483.png - (121.86KB , 650x500 , 23.png )
117423

>There... Food. You know... This was the first time I performed the rite myself. This makes me... the new priest of Picitaru. But I'm not ready for such a great responsibility. I don'T know the rite of birth. I know so little. And I have nobody with a bond.
>...
>Little Machine-God? You said you wanted to help me rebuild. Did you mean it? Because I need all the help I can get.
>>
No. 117425 ID: 632862

>>117423
You are our means of locomotion. We will need some sort of foothold in this area to ensure your survival.
>>
No. 117426 ID: 34470e

>>117423
Don't worry. We'll give you all the help you need.
>>
No. 117431 ID: 8dc9d5

>>117423
Of course we'll help you!
With our guidance, you'll go down in history as one of the greatest leaders of all time.

You'll recapture the glory of your ancestors, expand your domain to cover a massive area, and get a hot wife to boot!
>>
No. 117439 ID: 532b93
File 12643019287.png - (113.75KB , 650x500 , 24.png )
117439

You are our means of locomotion. We will need some sort of foothold in this area to ensure your survival.

>We will have to travel to accomplish this, though. And we will have to travel a lot.

Don't worry. We'll give you all the help you need.
Of course we'll help you!

>Thank you. Thank you so much.

With our guidance, you'll go down in history as one of the greatest leaders of all time.

>That does sound good.

You'll recapture the glory of your ancestors, expand your domain to cover a massive area...

>Isn't that a bit big?

and get a hot wife to boot!

>... I would like to develop a bond myself.

>Thank you. Thank you so much.
>>
No. 117441 ID: 532b93
File 126430203257.png - (107.84KB , 650x500 , 25.png )
117441

<That's it for tonight folks. Guh. Sleepy.>
>>
No. 117758 ID: 532b93
File 126432959475.png - (185.83KB , 650x500 , 26.png )
117758

>Alright. Let us see what we need. First of all... I have no idea how to ask the birth-god for new people. But I know that for that you need two people who share a bond and a priest to perform the rite. Of course it would be best to have more people than that, but it would suffice for the most basic kind of village. However, there are no people close by, which means we'll have to travel all the way to Picitaku to ask those people to come with us. Luckily I have already been there once and know how to get there. That's not going to be easy, though. Up here on the Karaku Mountain, we'Re fairly safe, but down in the lower regions, Demons and other dangerous creatures can be found. But, I have a rifle and know how to use it. We should be okay.

>We shouldn't wait too long, I think. I'd like to leave this place of death as soon as possible.

>So unless you want me to show you something before we leave, I'd say we just do that right now.
>>
No. 117761 ID: 34470e

>>117758
What are the demons like?
>>
No. 117763 ID: 532b93
File 126433208780.png - (182.12KB , 650x500 , 27.png )
117763

What are the demons like?

>Oh there are many kinds. Most are quite horrific to behold but there are also ones that look almost like people and others that don't resemble people at all. Some are harmless, some are a challenge. And when I first travelled to Picitaku, I saw one that brought down a small mountain on its own.
>>
No. 117766 ID: 34470e

What's Picitaku like?
>>
No. 117769 ID: c0f3bf

Do you think you could kill one if you needed to?
>>
No. 117780 ID: 532b93
File 126434091166.png - (75.14KB , 650x500 , 28.png )
117780

Do you think you could kill one if you needed to?

>Short answer: Yes.

>Long answer: It really depends on the demon we're talking about. I told you I'm a capable hunter. You see... Fruits-of-the-earth are rare in this region. So in order to have enough to sacrifice to the Chip-Giver-God, we had to hunt demons as well. The smaller ones are usually not even that hostile, but they make great sacrifices. However... some demons are more dangerous than they look. The bigger ones I wouldn't even attack, but a hunter from Picitaku was once ripped to shreds by a demon no bigger than his thumb.

What's Picitaku like?

>It's more more prosperous than our village was. They don'T have as many demons, so they can afford having more people. Because many people usually attract the nastier ones we could never have more than 10 people around. The people from Picitaku are living inside their mountain, unlike us, who lived atop.
>>
No. 117781 ID: c42be6

>>117780
Hmm, I can't think of anything important to talk about. How much do you know about history? How long have these villages been set up, how long have you been relying on the Great-Giver-God and the Chip-Giver-God?
>>
No. 117784 ID: c0f3bf

Have are they different from you, physically and mentally?
>>
No. 117786 ID: 532b93
File 126434393632.png - (114.19KB , 650x500 , 29.png )
117786

Have are they different from you, physically and mentally?

>Well, physically they can be pretty much everything. They are usually scarier than people. But you can always tell. You feel people. Demons feel like nothing. They feel like the mountain or the sky. They are empty. And mentally, well... They don't talk. At least I never met a talking Demon. Many attack us without a thought. Some are just minding their own business, whatever that may be.

Hmm, I can't think of anything important to talk about. How much do you know about history? How long have these villages been set up, how long have you been relying on the Great-Giver-God and the Chip-Giver-God?

>Well, it's going to be a long journey. Lotta time to tell you a few stories I heard from Tellars. Apparently our world was once ruled by bolt spirits. As the bolts we use for our sacred weapons they took long to assemble but were gone in an instant. Fragile things. But powerful in a way. They created the gods to help them. They created us to help the gods. And then they vanished. That is... the short version. I dunno if you are interested in the longer version, which Tellars couldn't tell the same way even twice.
>>
No. 117789 ID: c42be6

>>117786
Well, since we've got time, I'd love to hear it. Unless you have something else you'd rather talk about, or think we should know about.
>>
No. 117793 ID: 532b93
File 126434660183.png - (203.25KB , 650x500 , 30.png )
117793

Well, since we've got time, I'd love to hear it. Unless you have something else you'd rather talk about, or think we should know about.

>Well, there are n fact a few things. So far I have never heard of a speaking god. I'm a little disappointed that you lost your memory like that. There are so many questions. And you don't even know that the bolt spirits made you.
>And another thing... I've been calling you Little Machine-God all this time. Do you have a name, maybe? Do you remember?
>>
No. 117794 ID: c42be6

>>117793
No, we can't remember a name, either. I'm fine with Little Machine-God though, it's cute. If you want to try asking any questions, go ahead. We can at least try and piece things together.
>>
No. 117799 ID: b14128

No, we can't recall a name. Would you like us to think up one for ourselves? Or perhaps you might even like to name us yourself?
>>
No. 117804 ID: 532b93
File 126434952456.png - (186.46KB , 650x500 , 31.png )
117804

>Oh look, we're already at the great bridge.

No, we can't recall a name. Would you like us to think up one for ourselves? Or perhaps you might even like to name us yourself? I'm fine with Little Machine-God though, it's cute.

>I don't think I could really give you a name worthy of a god. I'll just stick to Little Machine-God for now, if you don't mind.

If you want to try asking any questions, go ahead. We can at least try and piece things together.

>Hmm... Well... You used to travel the skies, is that right? What was your function as a god? What was your task?
>>
No. 117805 ID: edae44

No idea. We remember being part of a metal bird, a plane. We carried something important, we think. We soared the skies for over two million hours... two hundred years?

Crap, we're ancient!
>>
No. 117806 ID: b14128

>>117804
We don't, it's fine.

...Erm... Were you planning on crossing that bridge? ...Former bridge? Or were you just going to head into that door-looking thing there?
>>
No. 117809 ID: 532b93
File 126435052534.png - (186.57KB , 650x500 , 32.png )
117809

We don't, it's fine.

>All right, then, Little Machine-God.

No idea. We remember being part of a metal bird, a plane. We carried something important, we think. We soared the skies for over two million hours... two hundred years?

>Something important, you say? Well Fruits-of-the-Earth are important, I think.

Crap, we're ancient!

>You are a god, aren't you? And Tellars was 140 years old, when he died.I can't even imagine a time this long.

...Erm... Were you planning on crossing that bridge? ...Former bridge? Or were you just going to head into that door-looking thing there?

>I'm crossing the bridge. The door is bad news. We were attacked from there three times. It appears to be leading down into the depths of the Earth Grove. There are big demons there.
>>
No. 117812 ID: 532b93
File 126435073479.png - (188.72KB , 650x500 , 33.png )
117812

>So why exactly did you fall from the sky?

[Pachoo! Fwooooosh!]
>>
No. 117813 ID: 632862

>>117812
We ran out of fuel.
>>
No. 117814 ID: edae44

>>117813
The question is, WHY we ran out of fuel?
>>
No. 117815 ID: c42be6

>>117809
How are you planning--

>>117812
Oh. Impressive. Was that just you running, or do you have a rocket or something for that?
>>
No. 117816 ID: 079978

>>117814
Probably because we were flying around for over 200 years.
>>
No. 117820 ID: 532b93
File 126435191624.png - (80.26KB , 650x500 , 34.png )
117820

How are you planning--
Oh. Impressive. Was that just you running, or do you have a rocket or something for that?

>No, just my feet and I.

We ran out of fuel.
The question is, WHY we ran out of fuel?
Probably because we were flying around for over 200 years.

>So the gods need nutrition as well?
>>
No. 117821 ID: a85626

Woah, sensors recalibrating!
>>
No. 117822 ID: a85626

>>117820

Even the Great Giver-God needs chips. Anything that flies needs fuel, with the exception of things already in orbit. We do not need nutrition now since we are not flying.
>>
No. 117823 ID: edae44

>>117816
Last I checked, not even gods can stay in the air for 200 years unaided. We must have some support (angels?) to keep feeding us.

Oh, and dont mind if what we say sounds sacrilicious, Zilee. Its just how Gods talk when.. talking to each other. Or themselves.
>>
No. 117824 ID: c42be6

>>117820
Sweet. But yeah, energy doesn't come from nowhere. I've got no way to know what we or other Gods need, or how much we have left, though.
>>
No. 117825 ID: edae44

>>117820
Tracing a parallel, see the chip-giver.

Sacrifices are made to him so he gives the chips Great Giver wants so much. A lesson in humility, in a way. Its not unreasonable to think Chip-Giver is, in a way, fed by the sacrifices.

Its not unreasonable to believe we had someone sacrificing to us to keep us fed, keep us flying. The question here is, why the sacrifices stopped? And what exactly were we carrying?
>>
No. 117826 ID: edae44

>>117825
... of course, that is all assuming Chip-Giver and Great-Giver actually needed to be fed. We dont really know if those need nutrition, we know we did. To fly.
>>
No. 117827 ID: 532b93
File 126435314281.png - (145.28KB , 650x500 , 35.png )
117827

Woah, sensors recalibrating!

>Hm?

Even the Great Giver-God needs chips. Anything that flies needs fuel, with the exception of things already in orbit. We do not need nutrition now since we are not flying.
Last I checked, not even gods can stay in the air for 200 years unaided. We must have some support (angels?) to keep feeding us.
Sweet. But yeah, energy doesn't come from nowhere. I've got no way to know what we or other Gods need, or how much we have left, though.
Tracing a parallel, see the chip-giver.
Sacrifices are made to him so he gives the chips Great Giver wants so much. A lesson in humility, in a way. Its not unreasonable to think Chip-Giver is, in a way, fed by the sacrifices.
Its not unreasonable to believe we had someone sacrificing to us to keep us fed, keep us flying. The question here is, why the sacrifices stopped? And what exactly were we carrying?
... of course, that is all assuming Chip-Giver and Great-Giver actually needed to be fed. We dont really know if those need nutrition, we know we did. To fly.

>Is that the stuff a priest has to think about all the time? Oh my, it's very confusing.

Oh, and dont mind if what we say sounds sacrilicious, Zilee. Its just how Gods talk when.. talking to each other. Or themselves.

>Gods can't be sacrilegious, can they? I mean. You're gods. You can talk the way you want to.
>>
No. 117829 ID: c42be6

>>117827
Speaking of being sacrilegious, you don't have to worry about what you say with us. While we may what you call Gods, I don't really think of us being on that level. But Gods are simply things that are worshiped, so do whatever you want.

How goes the journey? Are we getting close?
>>
No. 117830 ID: 532b93
File 126435401627.png - (165.55KB , 650x500 , 36.png )
117830

Speaking of being sacrilegious, you don't have to worry about what you say with us. While we may what you call Gods, I don't really think of us being on that level. But Gods are simply things that are worshiped, so do whatever you want.

>That is good to know, Little Machine-God. I wouldn't want to upset you.

How goes the journey? Are we getting close?

>Well, we are now off the mountain. In a few hours we'll reach the path of the Traveller-God. I will ask him to help us with our journey. He's usually very inclined to-

[WHOMP!]

>Oh Gods!
>>
No. 117831 ID: c42be6

>>117830
What was that?
>>
No. 117832 ID: b14128

>>117830
Trouble! Zilee, get that rifle in your hands and prep it for firing, and move off the bridge, I think it might be about to collapse and fall into the canyon. If there isn't a demon in front of you in the dust and smoke, look up, it might be above you firing downwards.
>>
No. 117833 ID: 632862

>>117830
Better get ready to fight.
>>
No. 117837 ID: 532b93
File 126435519081.png - (214.52KB , 650x500 , 37.png )
117837

What was that?

>Not sure!

Trouble! Zilee, get that rifle in your hands and prep it for firing, and move off the bridge, I think it might be about to collapse and fall into the canyon. If there isn't a demon in front of you in the dust and smoke, look up, it might be above you firing downwards.

>Yes!

Better get ready to fight.

>Oh Gods, it's a big one.

[Virrrrr--- "Ahk-OLkh-ghJKl-UzHGt"]

<Thanks for playing.>
>>
No. 118798 ID: ecf03b
File 126451922548.png - (188.51KB , 650x500 , 38.png )
118798

>>
No. 118799 ID: ecf03b
File 126451925446.png - (282.47KB , 650x500 , 39.png )
118799

>>
No. 118800 ID: ecf03b
File 126451931583.png - (155.22KB , 650x500 , 40.png )
118800

>It's charging! What do I do?!
>>
No. 118804 ID: b04f0e

Fuck. We gotta leave the bridge.
DODGE PAST HIM. We cant engage till we're in the tunnel! Its too dangerous otherwise!

How accurate are you with the rifle? Can you take a good shot at its head?
>>
No. 118813 ID: ecf03b
File 126452464836.png - (124.12KB , 650x500 , 42.png )
118813

Fuck. We gotta leave the bridge.
DODGE PAST HIM. We cant engage till we're in the tunnel! Its too dangerous otherwise!

>Its arms are quite long and it's big. I don't think can dodge that well.

How accurate are you with the rifle? Can you take a good shot at its head?

>I'll try! I'm a very good shot, so... As soon as this thing's outta the way, I'm off this bridge!
>>
No. 118814 ID: ecf03b
File 126452469832.png - (87.68KB , 650x500 , 43.png )
118814

>... Oh... Oh my...
>>
No. 118815 ID: c42be6

>>118814
...holy shit. Nice shot. Did that thing just almost fire a laser through your face!?
>>
No. 118823 ID: b04f0e

Yes, yes it did. Survive now, count blessing later.

Assuming his head had whatever it has for eyes, he's blind now. Step back, we gotta be ready if it starts flailing wildly.
>>
No. 118854 ID: ecf03b
File 126453434969.png - (160.46KB , 650x500 , 44.png )
118854

...holy shit. Nice shot. Did that thing just almost fire a laser through your face!?

>...

Yes, yes it did. Survive now, count blessing later.

>I-indeed.

Assuming his head had whatever it has for eyes, he's blind now. Step back, we gotta be ready if it starts flailing wildly.

>I'll keep my guard up. It looks pretty dead right now, but it might not be. Wouldn'T be the first Demon to run around even with its head gone.

["Aaahhh.... Fuck..."]
>>>Language identified: English

["I do apologise for the uncalled for aggressiveness of my associate. You see, things aren't going according to plan right now."]

>How come I can understand what it's saying? It's clearly not a person.
>>
No. 118856 ID: 849304

>>118854
Huh, let's see if we can make you speak english. Ask it for its name.
>>
No. 118858 ID: a85626

>>118854

We seem to be translating. Stay on your guard. Maybe the demons acquired the ability to communicate somehow. Also, get off the bridge before the second one pins you there too.
>>
No. 118863 ID: ecf03b
File 126453624796.png - (149.15KB , 650x500 , 45.png )
118863

We seem to be translating. Stay on your guard. Maybe the demons acquired the ability to communicate somehow. Also, get off the bridge before the second one pins you there too.

>Yes. I quickly move to the tunnel.

Huh, let's see if we can make you speak english.

>>>Rewiring Comm-Link - SUCCESS

Ask it for its name.

>"What's your name?"
>Unbelievable.

["I am OIT-Retrieval-Unit-25-B. You are the Core-A.I. of Aerial-Transporter Falcon 2965, I presume? We have been looking for you."]
>>
No. 118866 ID: 849304

>>118863
Oh shit, he has a powerclaw. He's an Ork Boss in disguise.

Ask him what he means by "we".
>>
No. 118876 ID: 632862

>>118863
We were the core AI of some manner of air transport, but the name and identification number have been lost from our memory banks.
>>
No. 118884 ID: ecf03b
File 126453792657.png - (164.41KB , 650x500 , 46.png )
118884

Ask him what he means by "we".

>"What do you mean by 'we'?"

["Retrieval-Unit-25. You already eliminated C. I sure hope you will not cause us more problems, as we were dispatched to take you back to OIT."]

>What is OIT?

We were the core AI of some manner of air transport, but the name and identification number have been lost from our memory banks.

>I assume you want me to tell him that?
>>
No. 118888 ID: 632862

>>118884
Yes. Also, you should go with him.
>>
No. 118892 ID: ecf03b
File 126453895645.png - (160.79KB , 650x500 , 47.png )
118892

Yes. Also, you should go with him.

>Wait what?! We were not going to OIT. We were going to Picitaku! OIT sure won't help us build a new village!

["Well?"]
>>
No. 118901 ID: 403004

Well, at this range, it looks like you have a very small chance of getting away from RU25B. And for all we know, it's possible that they CAN help rebuild the village.
Also, it sounds like OIT will continue pursuing us, now that it knows we are here.
>>
No. 118904 ID: 632862

>>118892
Ask him if he'll help rebuild, then.
>>
No. 118907 ID: ecf03b
File 126454044812.png - (160.71KB , 650x500 , 49.png )
118907

Well, at this range, it looks like you have a very small chance of getting away from RU25B.

>At this range I could blow its head off. Or smash its skull into the wall.

And for all we know, it's possible that they CAN help rebuild the village.
Also, it sounds like OIT will continue pursuing us, now that it knows we are here.

>Maybe you're right. Maybe it can. But the possibility that it can doesn't mean that it will. For crying out loud, that thing almost blew a hole in my chest.
>>
No. 118908 ID: a1dd0f

>>118907
For cripes' sake, tell it your processing so it doesn't get impatient and take you by force.
>>
No. 118909 ID: ecf03b
File 126454064535.png - (160.88KB , 650x500 , 50.png )
118909

Ask him if he'll help rebuild, then.

>Alright.
>"Will you help rebuild my village?"

["Your vill- What? No. Hm, very odd. What village are you talking about?"]
>>
No. 118920 ID: 849304

>>118909
The village of this girl. I kind of crashlanded on it. Talk about bad luck.
>>
No. 118930 ID: ecf03b
File 126454363069.png - (161.18KB , 650x500 , 51.png )
118930

The village of this girl. I kind of crashlanded on it. Talk about bad luck.

>"The... the village of this girl. I kind of crashlanded on it. Talk about bad luck."

["I see... Well, I'm afraid rebuilding villages is not part of the mission. I was ordered to take you back as quick as possible."]

>See? This is not good. This thing wants to take you away from me. But I need your help.
>>
No. 118931 ID: 849304

>>118930
Where do you want to take me and what will happen there?

Also you can blow a hole through his chest, if you don't like the answer.
>>
No. 118935 ID: 632862

Argh. Can't we just... fuse to his body instead?
>>
No. 118945 ID: ecf03b
File 126454477394.png - (169.07KB , 650x500 , 52.png )
118945

Where do you want to take me and what will happen there?

>"Where do you want to take me and what will happen there?"

Also you can blow a hole through his chest, if you don't like the answer.

>A-alright.

["We were ordered to take you to the nearest OIT-administration facility. I only know one such facility, so that is where you will be taken. I can't say what is going to happen to you there because I wasn't told. Now, don't make a mess out of this, please. I'm just as eager to die because of this as you are."]

Argh. Can't we just... fuse to his body instead?

>No! It'd run away with you!
>>
No. 118959 ID: c42be6

>>118945
He never answered who the OIT are.

I do think we should probably go with him, though. Even if we could escape from the OIT, we'd never be able to build up a village with them on watch. Do you have a plan for what you would do if you shot him and ran?
>>
No. 118961 ID: ecf03b
File 126454632817.png - (170.72KB , 650x500 , 53.png )
118961

He never answered who the OIT are.

>Good call.
>"Who are the OIT?"

["Your memory is screwed up, if I may say so. The OIT is the 'Otenan International Transport Company' and they are the creators of both of us. They are trying to get their assets in order, as they probably have been for several decades now. Please just come now. I would like to get out of this alive."]

I do think we should probably go with him, though. Even if we could escape from the OIT, we'd never be able to build up a village with them on watch. Do you have a plan for what you would do if you shot him and ran?

>Easy! We make a run for Picitaku, get more people and return. And then we just defend the village as we did for years.
>>
No. 118963 ID: 849304

>>118961
I think we should go with him ... for now. We can always shoot him in the head later.
>>
No. 118964 ID: b04f0e

Specially when he isn' looking.

Remember, these guys have powerful demons. Its very likely we are way out of their league.
>>
No. 118965 ID: ecf03b
File 126454741719.png - (154.91KB , 650x500 , 54.png )
118965

I think we should go with him ... for now. We can always shoot him in the head later.

>I... I'll just trust your judgement on this one.
>"Alright, we'll come with you."

["Splendid. Thank you for your cooperation."]
>>
No. 118967 ID: c42be6

>>118961
That would risk all of your lives to try and stop something you don't even know is bad. If the OIT really did make us and him, it's possible they're responsible for many or even all of the Gods and demons around. It's even possible they're responsible your people entirely! I think we should go with him and try to figure out what they are trying to do, and see if we can convince them to help make your lives better.
>>
No. 118977 ID: ecf03b
File 126454842420.png - (146.25KB , 650x500 , 55.png )
118977

Remember, these guys have powerful demons. Its very likely we are way out of their league.

>Maybe you're right.

That would risk all of your lives to try and stop something you don't even know is bad. If the OIT really did make us and him, it's possible they're responsible for many or even all of the Gods and demons around. It's even possible they're responsible your people entirely! I think we should go with him and try to figure out what they are trying to do, and see if we can convince them to help make your lives better.

>I still don't think trusting a demon is wise, but... Well it's worth a try.

["This way. Up the stairs."]

>"Hmpf."
>>
No. 118983 ID: 0e759d

>>118967
I doubt that making our lives better is very high on their list of priorities if their couriers have laser-eyes and power-claws.
Keep wary.
>>
No. 118985 ID: ecf03b
File 126454897831.png - (133.70KB , 650x500 , 56.png )
118985

<Break for now. See you soon.>
>>
No. 119058 ID: c42be6

>>118985
You should ask where exactly this OIT facility is. I'd suggest getting to know him, too, on the way, but if you or he really doesn't feel like talking, don't push it. Some things to ask about are how long ago he was made, how long ago he was ordered to retrieve us, or what happened to 25-A. See if you can find out how much he knows about us, or how we're interfacing with you. It seemed like he hadn't even considered you a being at all.
>>
No. 119136 ID: a85626

>>118945

Never trust anyone who obeys without knowing the reason why. Get away from him as soon as you can.
>>
No. 119348 ID: f8c318
File 126457925291.png - (158.99KB , 650x500 , 57.png )
119348

I doubt that making our lives better is very high on their list of priorities if their couriers have laser-eyes and power-claws.
Keep wary.

>Oh, don't you worry. I'll keep my eyes open. I trust these things as far as I could throw the avatar of the Great Giver-God.

You should ask where exactly this OIT facility is.

>"Where is this OIT facility?"

["Hmm... How do I answer that? It's 100 Kilometers to the east and 20 kilometers down."]

>Oh gods. It really suggests we head down to the Earthtree.

I'd suggest getting to know him, too, on the way, but if you or he really doesn't feel like talking, don't push it.

>... I'll do my best. The more we know, the better we can assess our situation.

Some things to ask about are how long ago he was made, how long ago he was ordered to retrieve us, or what happened to 25-A. See if you can find out how much he knows about us, or how we're interfacing with you. It seemed like he hadn't even considered you a being at all.

>Alright.
>"How old are you."
["..."]
>"Well?"
["I forgot. I can't remember."]
>"How long since you were ordered to retrieve us?"
["About a week. I heard something about an emergency signal or something."]
>"What happened to 25A?"
["She must be around. I'm not sure, where exactly. She's probably spying on us."]
>"What do you know about us?
["Not much, I'm afraid. We were dispatched to retrive the Core A.I. of the transport. We only knew where the ship would crash. I didn't expect finding the core to be this easy. We were told to either look for a small cell with photo-receptors in the wreckage, or such a thing mounted onto the head of a human or a synthetic. We were told, that the A.I. Core would be able to control any human or synthetic it would come into contact. Apparently that didn't work out properly for you?"]

>C-control?! I... Is that what you were planning?!
>>
No. 119350 ID: 44ad00

>>119348
Hey, hello? Memory-loss here? We didn't know that would happen either.
>>
No. 119354 ID: 34470e

>>119348
Uh, apparently we tried to control you, but we don't know why we even tried in the first place. But it's a good thing it didn't work. We would have never met such an awesome person.
>>
No. 119358 ID: 402e01

>Never met such an awesome person as you.

Lay it off will you? This is not the time for honeyed words, particularly not any that easy to see through.

Yes, it's probably likely that we, or rather the programming that controls us, attempted to control you, Zilee. It didn't happen, so be glad. Gives you a measure of control over us, rather than the opposite...We're in the back-seat only able to watch you and talk with other "gods" or "demons"...Sometimes not very well either, from how our conversation with the Giver-God failed.

Ask him why the OIT can't get their assets in order.

And that we remember one thing...From a log we remember that we flew around for at least two million hours before we crashed. He might react to that.
>>
No. 119359 ID: f8c318
File 126458407967.png - (80.94KB , 650x500 , 58.png )
119359

Hey, hello? Memory-loss here? We didn't know that would happen either.

Uh, apparently we tried to control you, but we don't know why we even tried in the first place. But it's a good thing it didn't work. We would have never met such an awesome person.

Lay it off will you? This is not the time for honeyed words, particularly not any that easy to see through.

Yes, it's probably likely that we, or rather the programming that controls us, attempted to control you, Zilee. It didn't happen, so be glad. Gives you a measure of control over us, rather than the opposite...We're in the back-seat only able to watch you and talk with other "gods" or "demons"...Sometimes not very well either, from how our conversation with the Giver-God failed.

>You are confusing, Little Machine-God. But... Well it didn't happen and apparently, you didn't mean to. I think it's a litte scary that you can do that, butwhat choice do we have?

Ask him why the OIT can't get their assets in order.

>"Why can't the OIT get their assets in order?

["I can only guess but it's an easy guess. Look around. Chaos everywhere. The trains are out of control, the vrctor-thrust-ships are out of control. I have never seen a human being and from what I recall, I never met anyone that did. We're a bunch of loyal servants without our masters."]

And that we remember one thing...From a log we remember that we flew around for at least two million hours before we crashed. He might react to that.

>"The ship flew around for at least two million hours before it crashed."

["That is, uh... nice? I don't know what you expect me to say to that, I'm sorry. But it is to be expected. As I said the OIT'S assets are out of control. There might even be ships flying around that are even older than that, only they refuel every now and then."]

>Say, Little Machine-God... What is a Human?
>>
No. 119361 ID: 632862

>>119359
A human is like you, but organic. They are responsible for the creation all inorganic life forms. I'm not sure what other differences there might be... Well. You feel emotions, so that's one similarity. Do you ever have the urge to create something new and original? Or change something to make it better?
>>
No. 119367 ID: 24fe4e

Let's put like this... maybe trying to take over your body, possession, isn' something we could help. We believe it was like a reflex, something of our nature we weren't aware of, until it was pointed out to us.

Like breathing.

And what is a human? Hard to say. They... would look much like you, maybe with less implants. They aren't born in the Birth God.

And if what he said is right, the humans made all gods, because the humans needed servants.
>>
No. 119376 ID: f8c318
File 126459535879.png - (133.14KB , 650x500 , 59.png )
119376

Let's put like this... maybe trying to take over your body, possession, isn' something we could help. We believe it was like a reflex, something of our nature we weren't aware of, until it was pointed out to us.

Like breathing.

>So... Stealing people's bodies is part of your nature? That sounds most alarming.

And what is a human? Hard to say. They... would look much like you, maybe with less implants.
A human is like you, but organic. They are responsible for the creation all inorganic life forms. I'm not sure what other differences there might be... Well. You feel emotions, so that's one similarity. Do you ever have the urge to create something new and original? Or change something to make it better?

>I do. I had a house in Picitaru. And I improved it every now and then.
>I don't understand your concept of organic, though.

They aren't born in the Birth God.

>Now that is weird. If not the Birth-God, who gives birth to them?

And if what he said is right, the humans made all gods, because the humans needed servants.

>That sounds a lot like the Bolt Spirits in Tellars's stories. That would explain, why he- IT has never seen any. The Bolt Spirits are all gone.
>Have you met humans?
>>
No. 119378 ID: a2c7d6

>>119376
Despite what the other voices say, you are a human yourself. You are just enhanced.
>>
No. 119381 ID: 632862

>>119376
We have memory of humans. What they are, what they look like. No specific events.

As for where humans come from... They reproduce sexually, if that means anything to you. Um, females become impregnated by males, and the females eventually give birth to an immature form of human. It is very small, and requires constant attention by the parents to develop and grow.
>>
No. 119395 ID: 24fe4e

With an immature human taking something between 15 to 20 years to fully grow and learn everything it needs.

Hmn, what can you tell us about the bolt spirits, while we're still traveling?

Hmn, creative urge, and means to act on them. Capable of language, understanding, thought. They're right, in a way, you are 'human'. But maybe a different kind of human.

Heh, thisis getting awfully introspective. We hope we're not a bother.
>>
No. 119417 ID: b5bdd0

>>119376

Humans are born of humans. They are binary self-replicating entities, in that two humans of complementary type (male and female) may come together and produce a new human, who possesses a combination of the basic traits of the two originators. The new human may also carry some new minor tweaks that have never been seen before, due to random fluctuations during the creation process.

That 'bond' thing you mentioned, and the ritual to create more people at the birthing machine, seem to be derivatives of this replication process. Humans need neither machine nor priest for it to work, however. That shouldn't be so surprising though, given that they came before either of those things.
>>
No. 119608 ID: a85626

Binary self replicating... jeez we can't explain anything, can we?

Organic is a kind of machine composed of many smaller machines. These tiny machines, called "cells" contain of a certain amount of fluid surrounded a protective membrane. Inside a cell are even smaller machines, called "proteins" which operate the cell. The cells in turn play a part in operating the body of cells, or just the "body".

There is also a storage medium called "DNA" from which the proteins are derived. Proteins and DNA can only operate in a neutral pH saline solution, so any organics you encounter will likely be quite wet and squishy. They are not as amorphous as you might imagine though, having a highly developed structure, and even rigid material called "bone" that are exuded by the cells to protect them and give the overall body a rigid structure.

I don't know how similar you are to "organics", or how similar we are. It would take a microscope and some chemical analysis to determine that. None of which you have time for, so please forgive the ramblings of a likely broken machine god, and instead pay attention to your surroundings.
>>
No. 119627 ID: 82e991

>>119376
The important question is, do you have dangly bits beneath your undergarments?
>>
No. 119920 ID: 07f3bf
File 126468727058.png - (216.29KB , 650x500 , 60.png )
119920

Despite what the other voices say, you are a human yourself. You are just enhanced.

>Oh... Enhanced...

We have memory of humans. What they are, what they look like. No specific events.

>Hm. That's useful, of course.

As for where humans come from... They reproduce sexually, if that means anything to you. Um, females become impregnated by males, and the females eventually give birth to an immature form of human. It is very small, and requires constant attention by the parents to develop and grow.

With an immature human taking something between 15 to 20 years to fully grow and learn everything it needs.

>That sounds nothing like me and also pretty silly.

Hmn, what can you tell us about the bolt spirits, while we're still traveling?

>Not much. I just know that they were fed up with themselves and the world and made a new one with gods.

Hmn, creative urge, and means to act on them. Capable of language, understanding, thought. They're right, in a way, you are 'human'. But maybe a different kind of human.

>So... You don'T REALLY know what a human is, then?

Heh, thisis getting awfully introspective. We hope we're not a bother.

Humans are born of humans. They are binary self-replicating entities, in that two humans of complementary type (male and female) may come together and produce a new human, who possesses a combination of the basic traits of the two originators. The new human may also carry some new minor tweaks that have never been seen before, due to random fluctuations during the creation process.

That 'bond' thing you mentioned, and the ritual to create more people at the birthing machine, seem to be derivatives of this replication process. Humans need neither machine nor priest for it to work, however. That shouldn't be so surprising though, given that they came before either of those things.

Binary self replicating... jeez we can't explain anything, can we?

Organic is a kind of machine composed of many smaller machines. These tiny machines, called "cells" contain of a certain amount of fluid surrounded a protective membrane. Inside a cell are even smaller machines, called "proteins" which operate the cell. The cells in turn play a part in operating the body of cells, or just the "body".

There is also a storage medium called "DNA" from which the proteins are derived. Proteins and DNA can only operate in a neutral pH saline solution, so any organics you encounter will likely be quite wet and squishy. They are not as amorphous as you might imagine though, having a highly developed structure, and even rigid material called "bone" that are exuded by the cells to protect them and give the overall body a rigid structure.

I don't know how similar you are to "organics", or how similar we are. It would take a microscope and some chemical analysis to determine that.

>Ow ow OW! Alright, I'll never ask such questions again.

None of which you have time for, so please forgive the ramblings of a likely broken machine god, and instead pay attention to your surroundings.

>Seems we've reached a resting place for the avatars of the Travel-God. I've been here before, but I don't think this path will lead anywhere close to Picitaku.

The important question is, do you have dangly bits beneath your undergarments?

>You mean those round things on my chest? I always wondered what they're for. I mean they're pretty useless, get in the way all the time and sometimes they hurt.

["Core A.I.? Please get on the train. I'll have to go look for RU25A. Make yourself comfortable."]

>Is he talking about the avatar?
>>
No. 119921 ID: 632862

>>119920
Yes, the avatar's true name is 'train'.

Hey, so you still have sexual characteristics. What about between your legs?
>>
No. 119922 ID: 6834bc

>>119920
Yes, the large avatar before you is also known as a "train".
>>
No. 119923 ID: 555121

>>119921 .. Well, we call it train, at least.

Hey guys. No need to gratuitously de-mistify her world, ok?

And well. We know what is a human. We know when we see one. But explain a human? Hah! Easier to explain a God.
>>
No. 119926 ID: 07f3bf
File 126469063511.png - (145.27KB , 650x500 , 61.png )
119926

Yes, the avatar's true name is 'train'.

Well, we call it train, at least.

Hey guys. No need to gratuitously de-mistify her world, ok?

>I'm not going to call the avatar of the Travel-God by his name. I'm not a god, so I have to be respectful.

And well. We know what is a human. We know when we see one. But explain a human? Hah! Easier to explain a God.

>Hmm... Who would've thought it could be so complicated. I mean it's easy enough to tell a demon apart from a person.

Hey, so you still have sexual characteristics. What about between your legs?

>Alright. Enough talk about my body. With respect, Little Machine God, what is between my legs is my business and mine alone.
>>
No. 119929 ID: 6834bc

>>119926
Zilee, you are cute when you blush like that.

>>119927
That's sort of a redundant question - we crashed on it. Again, our most profound apologies, Zilee. As soon as we've been to OIT and seen what they want, we will be right back to helping you rebuild.
It is our duty to right this wrong, even if we don't have the power to bring them back.
>>
No. 119930 ID: 11cd68

>>119929
>Zilee, you are cute when you blush like that.

I'm not sure if we should be able to make this comment.
... I think we are pretty badly damaged.
>>
No. 119931 ID: 6834bc

>>119930
The damage gives us an excuse, if anyone asks.
>>
No. 119932 ID: 11cd68

>>119931
Indeed, deceit unit-654.
Winkwinknudgenudge.exe
>>
No. 119934 ID: 632862

>>119926
Hmm, an interesting reaction. I guess you do have a lot in common with humans.
>>
No. 119936 ID: 11cd68

>>119926
Oh, I have something!
Ask the demon, whether we are an AI or an AGI.
>>
No. 119943 ID: a85626

>>119926

It's OK we already know it's a USB port.
>>
No. 119975 ID: 07f3bf
File 126471257974.png - (96.11KB , 650x500 , 62.png )
119975

Hmm, an interesting reaction. I guess you do have a lot in common with humans.

>Yeah, well, I can'T imagine anything being particularly fond of discussing their peeing-organ-thingies.

Zilee, you are cute when you blush like that.

>Ah? If you say so...

It's OK we already know it's a USB port.

>It's a what? It's not a port.

I'm not sure if we should be able to make this comment.
... I think we are pretty badly damaged.

>Do you feel ill? Because... You'Re being very confusing right now.

Oh, I have something!
Ask the demon, whether we are an AI or an AGI.

>I'll ask him once he'S found his partner and returned to us.

New topic then. How did your village get destroyed? Was it related to the wreck you found us in?
That's sort of a redundant question - we crashed on it. Again, our most profound apologies, Zilee. As soon as we've been to OIT and seen what they want, we will be right back to helping you rebuild.
It is our duty to right this wrong, even if we don't have the power to bring them back.

>I'm glad you see it like that.

And do board the avatar of the Travel-God?

>He doesn't open. That usually means they're asleep. Riloan told me that. If they'Re sleeping you have to open them yourself. They don't mind.

We are curious as to what this demon wishes of us.

>I thought he wants to take us to the OIT-thingamabob.
>>
No. 120006 ID: 445c48

>>119975
What's between your legs is used for more than just peeing, lass. We'll tell you when you're older.
>>
No. 120111 ID: a85626

We were aloft for 2242560 hours. That is approximately 256 years, considering 7 years is accurate for you. A decade being 10 years, 256 years is 25.6 decades. "several decades" is anywhere between 3 and 7 decades, but a good deal less than 25.6 decades. If we were a product of this OIT organization, the demon would have specified "2 centuries" or "dozens of decades" which is more accurate to account for our earliest chronological record.

Speculation: demons that can speak may also have the capability to lie. We are headed into a death trap.
>>
No. 120131 ID: 632862

>>120006
It is in humans. She just said she didn't have a "port" though so uh... maybe it's only used for peeing now?
>>
No. 120132 ID: 632862

>>120111
He said they were trying to get their assets in order for several decades, and that's not their entire existance.
>>
No. 120850 ID: db7fa7
File 126478012563.png - (108.12KB , 650x500 , 63.png )
120850

We were aloft for 2242560 hours. That is approximately 256 years, considering 7 years is accurate for you. A decade being 10 years, 256 years is 25.6 decades. "several decades" is anywhere between 3 and 7 decades, but a good deal less than 25.6 decades. If we were a product of this OIT organization, the demon would have specified "2 centuries" or "dozens of decades" which is more accurate to account for our earliest chronological record.

Speculation: demons that can speak may also have the capability to lie. We are headed into a death trap.

He said they were trying to get their assets in order for several decades, and that's not their entire existance.

>I'll still be wary of any death traps.

What's between your legs is used for more than just peeing, lass. We'll tell you when you're older.

He said they were trying to get their assets in order for several decades, and that's not their entire existance.

>Humans must be hella weird. Gotta be terrible to pee over a piece of metal in your crotch.
>Dammit! Now you got me imagining that! Cut it out, or I'll stop talking to you.

>I can tell that this door hasn't been opened for quite a while. This avatar has been sleeping for a long time.
>>
No. 120852 ID: 4c5c1c

Wake the machine god! Leave without that fucker!
>>
No. 120883 ID: c42be6

>>120850
Do you have any idea where the Travel-God will take you? If you know of somewhere to get to, this might be your chance to escape. I'm still curious as to what the OIT are up to, and running without a destination in mind isn't a good idea, so I wouldn't recommend it, but it certainly is an option. Assuming you can even wake the Travel-God. If you can't, then we've got nothing to do but wait.
>>
No. 121017 ID: a85626

>>120850

Yeah, you just uh, verify that next time you see a human. Let us know how it went.
>>
No. 121286 ID: a85626
File 126482418077.jpg - (22.57KB , 300x544 , halfthebattle.jpg )
121286

Also, for the benefit of anyone who may be confused about whether or not you have a piece of metal to pee over,
>>
No. 121288 ID: a85626
File 126482423088.jpg - (98.89KB , 350x467 , sWENcat.jpg )
121288

Also,
>>
No. 122391 ID: 445c48

>>120850
That wasn't exactly what we meant. It was a euphemism. There isn't a literal usb port. We'll continue this line of discussion later, quick, loot everything.
>>
No. 122509 ID: 0e759d

>>122391
What? Don't be silly.
Of course there's a literal USB port.
You do raise a good point about worrying later and looting now, however.
>>
No. 123198 ID: b5bdd0

>>121286

Jeeze, she's seven, dude.

"It's called a USB line; I'll show you later."
>>
No. 125039 ID: 96ad85
File 126531340637.png - (100.42KB , 650x500 , 64.png )
125039

>If you want me to leave without him, why even disturb this avatar of the Travel God? I mean, I don't even know where I'm gonna end up. I find the very idea of 'looting' a god abhorrent and could we PLEASE move away from that topic with the ports? It's giving me the creeps.

>Wait, something moved in here. Let me adjust my eye.

>... Oh my...
>>
No. 125040 ID: 03110c

SHOOT IT SHOOT IT OH GOD SHOOT IT ALREADY
>>
No. 125066 ID: 96ad85
File 126531431178.png - (141.65KB , 650x500 , 65.png )
125066

SHOOT IT SHOOT IT OH GOD SHOOT IT ALREADY

>Shoot first, ask questions later.

[BLAM!]
>>
No. 125090 ID: 96ad85
File 126531506766.png - (178.04KB , 650x500 , 66.png )
125090

>"HURK!"

[WHOMP!]
>>
No. 125097 ID: 03110c

Dodge and shoot again! Kill it!
>>
No. 125103 ID: 96ad85
File 126531547970.png - (152.09KB , 650x500 , 67.png )
125103

>WHAT AM I LOOKING AT?!

["Hrryoouuuuuuurkh"]

>Where is my gun?!
>>
No. 125107 ID: a85626

>>125039

I'll have you know young lady that USB is a very important specification to establish communication between devices and a host controller, intended to make it fundamentally easier to connect external devices to PCs by replacing the multitude of connectors at the back of PCs, addressing the usability issues of existing interfaces, and to simplify software configuration of all devices connected to USB, as well as to permit greater bandwidth for external devices.
>>
No. 125114 ID: 445c48

>>125107
OK enough of the euphemisms this isn't the time for this.

Say "Hello, sorry about that, I'm rather jumpy."
>>
No. 125118 ID: 96ad85
File 126531695939.png - (116.81KB , 650x500 , 68.png )
125118

I'll have you know young lady that USB is a very important specification to establish communication between devices and a host controller, intended to make it fundamentally easier to connect external devices to PCs by replacing the multitude of connectors at the back of PCs, addressing the usability issues of existing interfaces, and to simplify software configuration of all devices connected to USB, as well as to permit greater bandwidth for external devices.

>Not! the! time!

Say "Hello, sorry about that, I'm rather jumpy."

>"Uh, uh.. Hello. Sorry about that. I'm rather jumpy."

["Hrrryoooykkaokyooouuuuuu!"]

>I'm hesitant to kick it. The avatar of the Travel God might get angry at me.
>>
No. 125124 ID: 7857d9

>>125118
Is it asking who you are? Try giving it your name, and asking it if it has one.
>>
No. 125142 ID: 96ad85

Is it asking who you are? Try giving it your name, and asking it if it has one.

>"I'm Zilee. Do you have a name?"

>Oh gods, I think it's eating my arms.
>>
No. 125145 ID: 96ad85
File 12653197026.png - (126.86KB , 650x500 , 69.png )
125145

>Ugh See?!
>>
No. 125148 ID: bbdfae

>>125142
Have you got any secondary/backup weapons?

Alternately, try to tear free and run away.
>>
No. 125150 ID: 03110c

>>125145
>>125142
Uh ... better take a hike, man.
>>
No. 125151 ID: 632862

If you can't break free, try shouting for help. OIT-Retrieval-Unit-25-B may be nearby.
>>
No. 125160 ID: 96ad85
File 126532091262.png - (132.80KB , 650x500 , 70.png )
125160

Have you got any secondary/backup weapons?

>Usually my arms are quite enough for dealingwith demons. But this thing is tough!

Alternately, try to tear free and run away.

>Ghrugh, do I look like I'm not trying?!

If you can't break free, try shouting for help. OIT-Retrieval-Unit-25-B may be nearby.

>"Help! B?! ARE YOU THERE?! I'M BEING EATEN! HELP!"
>>
No. 125162 ID: 96ad85
File 126532115399.png - (84.75KB , 650x500 , 71.png )
125162

>"Gaaaah!"
>Too bright! Too bright!
>>
No. 125163 ID: bbdfae

>>125160
If all else fails, forehead bash in its eye. Or if you happen to have installed facial weaponry, use those instead. Mouth darts, toungeblade, eye laser, that sort of thing.
>>
No. 125555 ID: 00b14e

>>125163
Nobody has tongueblades these days. They use that for advanced poison testing, and the standard location for blades is the eyebrows. I thought everyone knew that.
>>
No. 125652 ID: bbdfae

>>125555
What can I say? I'm living in the past.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password