[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki] :: [Discord]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Embed (advanced)   Help
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 25600 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 169404244903.png - (858.87KB , 1411x1073 , Mech1.png )
1071850 No. 1071850 ID: ed041d

Clark IV, a world under fire.

The Interstellar Transit Authority currently holds the planet under martial law. The planet has seen a turbulent past century, guerilla fighters have been holding it hard and there has been no progress in taking hold.

Mercenary companies have been brought in to step in as a force multiplier, but they are beholden to no one but whoever pays the most.

Corporate entities have also begun to set their eyes on the planet below.

It is hell.
Expand all images
>>
No. 1071851 ID: ed041d
File 169404249552.png - (883.59KB , 1411x1073 , Mech2.png )
1071851

A freighter ship exits drop over the planet.

:StaticIcon:: Prepare for drop.
>>
No. 1071852 ID: ed041d
File 169404251494.png - (890.90KB , 1411x1073 , Mech3.png )
1071852

>>
No. 1071854 ID: ed041d
File 169404256786.png - (86.15KB , 564x523 , Mech4.png )
1071854

:StaticIcon:: Vitals are still good, you there 637?

:StaticIcon:: If so, good.
>>
No. 1071855 ID: ed041d
File 169404261618.png - (160.15KB , 977x919 , Mech 5.png )
1071855

:StaticIcon:: We've got a long busy road ahead of us.

It begins...
>>
No. 1071856 ID: ed041d
File 169404272055.png - (79.10KB , 615x420 , Pilots.png )
1071856

>>
No. 1071857 ID: a7a180

Fox.
>>
No. 1071858 ID: 681cb5

Lady fox
>>
No. 1071859 ID: d3bf48

Fox Female!
>>
No. 1071860 ID: 809e5e

FOX, COME IN, OVER.
>>
No. 1071861 ID: 423004

booba fox
>>
No. 1071867 ID: 15a025

Wolf reporting in!
>>
No. 1071887 ID: 99204e

Starwolf > starfox
>>
No. 1071895 ID: e5709d

Vore Vixen
>>
No. 1071898 ID: 48d6bf

Wulf it up.
>>
No. 1071900 ID: 5b5b7a

booba fox

With extra booba
>>
No. 1071902 ID: 0fbdcd

Foxy lady.
>>
No. 1071906 ID: ed041d
File 169409934589.png - (44.70KB , 451x452 , Pilot F.png )
1071906

The Vote has decided Fox

cosmetic chosen.
>>
No. 1071907 ID: ed041d
File 169409940198.png - (62.41KB , 502x396 , Mech6.png )
1071907

:HandlerIcon: Good to see you're in tact 637-Fox.
>>
No. 1071908 ID: ed041d
File 169409945926.png - (46.57KB , 406x406 , Handler.png )
1071908

That is the sound of your Handler, Hannibal.

He's a bit of a straightforward sort and works with Kowalski-Wayne Mercantile, the company that currently owns you.

Work with him and you'll have your own life again in no time.
>>
No. 1071909 ID: ed041d
File 169409952684.png - (57.52KB , 829x455 , Mech Build 1.png )
1071909

:HandlerIcon: You're currently outfitted with a standard August Model mech, we can buy parts later, we need to deal with the rebellion first, that means getting to Central City.

:HandlerIcon: You're also outfitted with a default loadout, I wish I could have gotten you something better but this was the best we could do on short notice.
>>
No. 1071910 ID: ed041d
File 169409956563.png - (20.96KB , 302x263 , Mech7.png )
1071910

637 rushes forward, aiming ahead to get into the action!
>>
No. 1071911 ID: ed041d
File 169409961524.png - (57.72KB , 660x356 , Mech8.png )
1071911

3 Box series Walkers stand in your way. 2 Missile sets and 1 shielded.

What is your first action?
>>
No. 1071912 ID: fb8a42

Ask Hannibal if I can have action figures of these walkers oh my goooooood
>>
No. 1071913 ID: 809e5e

[ MERCY ] they're cute and should join us.
>>
No. 1071919 ID: a7a180

Flank speed. Lock on to missile walkers with missiles, prepare to strafe gunner.
>>
No. 1071924 ID: f8083d

You won't go far under heavy missile fire, so you should take out one of those first. See if you can find any cover too, preferably cover that will also hamper missiles.
>>
No. 1071929 ID: 59fbfe

Activate multi-lock with the shoulder missiles and wipe them all out simultaneously. Strafe and pew pew with the rifle while doing so.
>>
No. 1071930 ID: 4819de

>>1071911
Box Walkers are durable little buggers-but they're sure as hell not maneuverable. Body-tackle the middle one with a shield to send it back a bit, then use your booster kit to quickly position ourselves behind it, using it's shield for our favor. Than all we have to do it gun the rest down.
>>
No. 1071965 ID: ed041d
File 169418086383.png - (69.23KB , 496x466 , Mech9.png )
1071965

The vote is to strafe and fire missiles.

Dashing to the side, you open fire with your ranged weapons, circling around the Box Walkers, you lock 6 missiles onto the two artillery Boxes.
>>
No. 1071967 ID: ed041d
File 169418094971.png - (141.17KB , 1068x492 , Mech10.png )
1071967

Lacking defenses the two artillery Boxes are handled easily. The Shield Box however starts to track you and opens fire back, your own machine gun rounds pinging off the shield.

How will you handle this?
>>
No. 1071970 ID: 59fbfe

He has a shield. Luckily, we have a sword.

Use BOOSTER KIT to close the distance and sword him directly in the shield. That should knock it off-balance enough for us to swing our gun-arm right into the cockpit and pointblank it.
>>
No. 1071973 ID: a7a180

Negate shield and ventilate.
>>
No. 1072016 ID: 273c18

>>1071970
Agreed. Do the cool shit.
>>
No. 1072018 ID: e5709d

Start with a feint. Shoot at his legs and run cautiously, then when you're sufficiently close hit the booster and charge in.
>>
No. 1072023 ID: dd3fe0

>>1071970

Remember, the idea is to attack from an angle that will make him have to raise or angle the shield to deflect or block your sword arm that makes an opening to let you use the gun. With the gun arm, you just need a quick bypass angle, since it has range!
>>
No. 1072112 ID: ed041d
File 169437304197.png - (53.73KB , 431x265 , Mech11.png )
1072112

The Command is to boost and swing the blade.

You boost forward and cut through the last Box, it doesn't take long before it explodes.

You now have an idea of how you will handle shields in the future, Shielded Enemies are weak to Melee, remember this!
>>
No. 1072113 ID: ed041d
File 169437315306.png - (47.86KB , 395x534 , Mech12.png )
1072113

You look out to Central City, you have gotten much closer, helicopters of Guerilla fighters hover in the air.

:HandlerIcon: Alright 637, you're near the City. Reports are coming in that there is an Enemy Mech in the center holding off ITA Forces. Your job is to engage it.

Do you wish to Respond, if So, What do you say?

Or do you wish to just boost into the city and find the enemy Mech?
>>
No. 1072114 ID: a7a180

OK buddy.
>>
No. 1072119 ID: e5709d

Use [Chat] and type 'Heading to location.'
Find a way to climb the skyscrapers so you can get a height advantage and kill any nearby air support.
>>
No. 1072134 ID: 59fbfe

>>1072119
This. Try to avoid confrontation as much as is possible, but shoot any helicopters in your way out of the sky while we climb.

At the top, try and spot the enemy mech and see how they fight, we should get an idea of their build.
>>
No. 1072141 ID: 8d6244

Take the high ground and use the rifle to swat any helicopter out of the sky.
>>
No. 1072142 ID: 8d6244

Take the high ground and use the rifle to swat any helicopter out of the sky.
>>
No. 1072143 ID: 8d6244

Take the high ground and use the rifle to swat any helicopter out of the sky.
>>
No. 1072144 ID: 8d6244

Take the high ground and use the rifle to swat any helicopter out of the sky.
>>
No. 1072146 ID: ab825b

Take the high ground and use the rifle to swat any helicopter out of the sky.
>>
No. 1072147 ID: 423004

Take the high ground and use the rifle to swat any helicopter out of the sky.
>>
No. 1072148 ID: f72b35

>>1072134
Do this.

>>1072141
>>1072142
>>1072143
>>1072144
>>1072146
>>1072147
Whoever you are, don't spam the same message over and over. You're going to get yourself banned if you continue this behavior.
>>
No. 1072156 ID: 273c18

>>1072148
I think the first four are a mistake considering they have the same time stamp (maybe internet troubles) and the next two have different IDs so they're just memeing while supporting the suggestion.
>>
No. 1072184 ID: 195ecb

~Im a thinker I can break it soun...~
>>
No. 1072189 ID: ed041d
File 169448311330.png - (29.43KB , 299x287 , Mech13.png )
1072189

You boost to the rooftops of Central City, sending a single message back to your Handler.

:PilotIconF: Heading to Location.

:HandlerIcon: Good to hear you aren't brain dead, Fox.
>>
No. 1072190 ID: ed041d
File 169448314393.png - (76.01KB , 619x446 , Mech14.png )
1072190

You land and approach the city's heart, following the sound of gunfire, you look down and see the enemy mech.
>>
No. 1072191 ID: ed041d
File 169448324447.png - (83.87KB , 591x616 , Mech15.png )
1072191

:HandlerIcon: Huh, didn't expect a Hex build on hand, the Monarchy of Clark shouldn't have that kind of technology on hand.

:HandlerIcon: It's probably repurposed from some industrial equipment. I'll see what I can dig up.

You aren't certain of the build yet but you do see 2 W2 Shotguns, and 2 8 Tube Launchers on its back. It has both long range and short range cover.

How will you handle this?
>>
No. 1072194 ID: a7a180

Take the high ground and use the rifle to swat any missiles out of the sky.
>>
No. 1072197 ID: dd3fe0

Any way to get it to use up it's missiles? How are your antimissile point defense systems?
>>
No. 1072198 ID: 273c18

>>1072191
Engage at medium range with the rifle.
>>
No. 1072199 ID: 423004

we've yet to be seen, make an explosive entrance with a missile or two!
While it's occupied with dodging the missile fire; close in to a medium distance just outside of its shotguns effective range, and open fire with the rifle! Stay in motion an apply pressure!
>>
No. 1072226 ID: 0fbdcd

Quad legs mean it will be hard to stagger, and the dreaded Double Zimmies mean we can't get close to it in a confrontation.

However... we are above it. Way above it, and not yet spotted. I say we engage Goomba Stomp maneuver. Try and crush its torso right through the joint where it meets the legs by landing directly on its head. If that doesn't OHKO it, it should very much leave it stunned for a follow-up with the sword.
>>
No. 1072240 ID: 0bf2fd

>>1072191
Set up where you are and aim very carefully at the head and fire with the rifle.
>>
No. 1072253 ID: bada8c

Saturat with missles and engage with rifle.
>>
No. 1072291 ID: ed041d
File 169461648241.png - (56.46KB , 347x466 , Mech16.png )
1072291

You opt to leap down and open fire, keeping at a medium range.
>>
No. 1072292 ID: ed041d
File 169461665699.png - (48.52KB , 561x383 , Mech17.png )
1072292

:HandlerIcon: Alright got the build 637. That's a Odyssey series by Olympus Tech. It's a heavier build and uses those 4 legs to keep stable, apparently it's an industrial mech meant to carry heavy loads around factories. Keep at it and avoid those missile racks and you should be fine.

You're zipping around, doing so damage, perhaps you can throw it off balance, do you want to is the question? And even if you did, how would you do so?
>>
No. 1072297 ID: 59fbfe

We have the range on his shotguns and appear to have the speed on his missiles. Unless he does something to surprise us, no reason not to just circlestrafe until it's dead. We're paid to kill, not to be flashy.
>>
No. 1072298 ID: 9059a7

So mechs have a really high center of balance. You should cause lots of explosions from one direction, very near it. Shoot a missile right as it arms itself near the end of the early boost phase, right after it launches.
>>
No. 1072303 ID: 1cf36f

You always want to throw them off balance. Concentrate on a legs until they fall apart.
>>
No. 1072310 ID: 0bf2fd

>>1072292
Its a quad, you wont be able to throw it off balance unless you trash one or two of its legs first.

Stay at a distance, keep mobile, aim for the joints as much as possible. It is an industrialmech below the outer armor. The joints should be relatively weak compared to battlemechs.
>>
No. 1072311 ID: 273c18

>>1072292
If part-specific damage works, you could aim for its missile packs so that it explodes itself?
>>
No. 1072355 ID: d9ed37

>>1072311
That's a good idea, especially since it's basically stationary. We should be able to hit them.
>>
No. 1072358 ID: e5709d

Keep the fight steady until he has to reload his shotguns, then dash in and slice two legs.
>>
No. 1072360 ID: ed041d
File 169470160455.png - (24.44KB , 380x181 , Mech18.png )
1072360

You raise the machine gun and open a burst fire as the Odyssey opens up a missile rack.
>>
No. 1072361 ID: ed041d
File 169470163153.png - (43.37KB , 384x310 , Mech19.png )
1072361

You strike the warheads and take it out, even damaging the head unit a bit.

What will you do next?
>>
No. 1072362 ID: e5709d

You've permanently weakened his long range DPS and accuracy, so just hang back and continue shooting.
>>
No. 1072363 ID: 4d4361

Use your own missiles to finish this, you command the long range now.
>>
No. 1072364 ID: d3df89

>>1072363
>you command the long range now.
No we don't. Not yet, anyways. The enemy still has one missile rack on its other shoulder. If we can destroy that, then we'll have long range command.
>>
No. 1072374 ID: 0bf2fd

>>1072361
So... sidenote, is it possible to set the missiles to a delayed fuse activation so our own missiles don't blow up if they get hit like that guy's did? Like set it up so they only arm a half second after the motor activates.

Anyway, keep firing at the missiles and head. Even if the shots mostly miss, you would still be suppressing the guy and making it hard to see.
>>
No. 1072402 ID: ed041d
File 169478780229.png - (24.50KB , 272x198 , Mech20.png )
1072402

You aim for the second missile rack with your own.
>>
No. 1072403 ID: ed041d
File 169478785161.png - (22.57KB , 273x197 , Mech21.png )
1072403

And take it out completely, along with the head unit, the Odyssey is now [IMPAIRED] in vision.

What will be your next action?
>>
No. 1072407 ID: 3f367a

To defeat the enemy mech, shoot it until it dies.
>>
No. 1072408 ID: 0bf2fd

>>1072403
Ask Hannibal whether the enemy's cockpit is augmented to allow them to see behind them (things such as a backup cam, for instance). Also ask if its arms can swivel to point behind it.

If they can't, flank around behind it and then stab the fuck out of its head with your sword. If you miss, grapple with it.
>>
No. 1072426 ID: e5709d

Carefully incapacitate the mech from behind, then extract them for salvage.
>>
No. 1072427 ID: a9af05

>>1072408
Its head is missing. But we can stab straight down where the head used to be. We might hit the pilot in the cockpit by doing that!
>>
No. 1072429 ID: 0bf2fd

Where is the pilot in that thing?
>>
No. 1072478 ID: ccf1fb

Take out one of the shotgun to create a blind spot
>>
No. 1072560 ID: ed041d
File 169499020984.png - (21.20KB , 210x182 , Mech22.png )
1072560

You strike forward and the Odyssey takes a shot with its shotguns, taking out your right arm.

Thankfully your beam blade is still functional on your left, digging it down the unarmored neck joint you strike near the cockpit. Even if you didn't hit the pilot you more than likely seared them to deal just from ambient heat.

It ceases function and limply lowers its arms.

:HandlerIcon: Good job 637, the ITA can take the rest of the city from here. We've established ourselves and can begin work for KW Mercantile. A garage will be open for us soon.

Do you have anything you want to say before the mission ends?
>>
No. 1072561 ID: a7a180

OW, MY FUCKING ARM!
>>
No. 1072571 ID: e5709d

"Get me a @#$%ing sidekick."
>>
No. 1072573 ID: dd3fe0

So, military force work best in groups, not lone wolves. I want to be part of a Mech lance. Or at least have a wingman.
>>
No. 1072583 ID: b6d09f

Don't need to say much, though he's been guiding you and complimented your work so you should at least be polite and say "thank you".
>>
No. 1072650 ID: 4f2900

Check the garage for a replacement arm.
>>
No. 1072688 ID: ed041d
File 169513686834.png - (25.84KB , 273x412 , Mech23.png )
1072688

:PilotIconF: Thank you.

:HandlerIcon: You'll be picked up shortly 637, from there we can handle repairing your Mech shortly.

Overhead are a few ITA airships, the city will be under control shortly.
>>
No. 1072689 ID: ed041d
File 169513702614.png - (41.47KB , 226x310 , Mech24.png )
1072689

Soon you're loaded into a mobile garage and your Mech is shut off, you are free for now.

:HandlerIcon: Take it easy for now, repair work will begin shortly but we may need to just replace the arm.

You are now free to take some time.

You can check your CONTACTS for any potential names you may know.

You can hit the SHOP for parts and weapons.

There will be a BOUNTY BOARD for jobs.

Or you can hit the CLARK INTRANET for information on the situation.

What do you want to do?
>>
No. 1072702 ID: 575bce

Go surf the net.
>>
No. 1072715 ID: 32a74c

Shop for parts.
>>
No. 1072718 ID: 0bf2fd

>>1072689
Take your helmet off, lets see your face
>>
No. 1072720 ID: e5709d

Contracts first, then buy a loadout based on the job.
>>
No. 1072848 ID: ed041d
File 169530423631.png - (24.83KB , 175x239 , Mech25.png )
1072848

>>1072718

You remove the helmet, you're in a safe location so it's not exactly needed. You are a typical red fox though with some minor scarring on the right side of your face, as well as some minor cybernetic implants around your head.

You don't feel much these days, but a job is a job.

:HandlerIcon: Take it easy Fox, we need you in tip top shape.
>>
No. 1072849 ID: ed041d
File 169530469773.png - (22.84KB , 800x182 , Mech26.png )
1072849

You scroll over to the contract screen, from there you can pick out jobs to work.

:HandlerIcon: We're not the only mercenary on the planet but we do have a decent first call on a lot of these gigs, if you don't grab one it may not be available as there are other mercenary forces. Some of them not so willing to work with us. The jobs being handed to us are worth at least 10 Tokens each, not big scratch but enough, we got 15 from the last job.

Cleanup - Old Tunnels
:HandlerIcon: The start of where this whole rebellion began. There are some automated defenses in the tunnels still operational, the Contact wants them gone.

Assassination - Eliminate
:HandlerIcon: Typical smash and grab, find the Walker Squad and handle them. Supposedly they've got a expansion unit for one of the Boxes.

Escort - Recon Survey
:HandlerIcon: Seems one of the ITA contacts has a rig set up, it's trawling through some of the old deserts scanning for Ruins. Your job is to keep it in tact.

Recon - Temple Ruins
:HandlerIcon: Reports of an enemy mech in the area, keep an eye out and try to survey these old Ruins for a Research Group with the ITA. Straightforward enough.

What job are you thinking of taking?
>>
No. 1072851 ID: f8083d

I like the escort but fear we may be a bit underleveled for that. Let's try the recon.
>>
No. 1072852 ID: 219cd1

We are go for recon.
>>
No. 1072868 ID: 9e0893

We're solo so our best bet is recon work.
>>
No. 1072894 ID: 0bf2fd

If we do recon, we should get some cheap camo netting to drape over the mech to break up its silhouette.
>>
No. 1072959 ID: ed041d
File 169548241303.png - (112.71KB , 631x369 , Mech27.png )
1072959

The vote is for Recon.

With that in mind you hit the shop, you currently have 15 trade tokens for the mercenary network, these tokens are used by almost every major supplier and can be exchanged for actual money. Mercs make use of them for easy trade supplies in refitting their mechs.

The shop has 3 units in stock.

Mechs are comprised of 4 pieces (Head, Torso, Arms, Legs) and the cost for these individual pieces varies.

There is the KRIEG heavy mech, it trades speed for armor and weapons handling, you want to wield the biggest guns, this is your mech. The parts cost 4 tokens each, overall the mech would be 16 tokens.

Next is the Ryu mech, a decent middle class unit that doesn't exceed in any field but makes up for it by sheer versatility, the parts cost 3 tokens each, for a total of 12 tokens.

Final in stock is the Critical model light mech, these units are used for scouting and recon work due to their speed, but can't field any heavier weapons than lightweight materials like sub-machine guns or light blades. The parts go for 2 each for a total of 8 tokens.

Also in stock are some new weapons. Weapons can be swapped between positions easily, though blades and melee weapons can only be fielded on the left arm. There are currently no new special additions like new booster packs or energy shield units.

HAND
* Machine Gun - 2 Tokens
* Sub-Machine Gun - 1 Token
* Shotgun - 2 Tokens
* Rail-Rifle - 4 Tokens
* Heavy Machine Gun - 3 tokens

SHOULDER
* Missile - 2 Tokens
* Turret Launcher - 2 Tokens
* Mortar - 3 Tokens
* Kinetic Shield - 1 Token
>>
No. 1072960 ID: ed041d
File 169548245732.png - (54.75KB , 829x455 , Mech Build Blank.png )
1072960

:HandlerIcon: Pick carefully and get yourself set up, if you want to do this job, we're gonna need something good.

Use this blank sheet to determine loadout, remember you have only 15 tokens currently available.
>>
No. 1072967 ID: a7a180

>Ryu arms
>Rail rifle
>Kinetic shield (Sword arm)

if Ryu parts are a straight upgrade over standard, buy the torso and legs too.
>>
No. 1073169 ID: ed041d
File 169565017922.png - (57.46KB , 829x455 , Mech Build 2.png )
1073169

> You have spent 8 Tokens, you have 7 left.

The Mech is outfitted with the Ryu arms, which are not a straight upgrade but more of a sidegrade. The August and Ryu are comparable but ultimately are more cases of speed and armor, the Ryu is lighter but boasts better handling for weaponry, while the August is slightly slower but more defensible.
>>
No. 1073170 ID: ed041d
File 169565024053.png - (81.14KB , 1161x387 , Mech28.png )
1073170

The mech mission is loaded, you are deployed in a large tunnel complex.

:HandlerIcon: Good luck down there 637, any last words before our contact cuts off?
>>
No. 1073175 ID: f0963a

Hey, where’s my sword? This shield’s supposed to be a fold down model!
>>
No. 1073268 ID: 86980a

"All's good, let you know what's up with this place in a bit."
>>
No. 1073357 ID: ed041d
File 169582297616.png - (23.38KB , 305x206 , Mech29.png )
1073357

>>1073175
You seem to have outfitted the shield onto your left arm. A little late to go back now and swap back.

>>1073268
:PilotIconF: "All's good, let you know what's up with this place in a bit."

:HandlerIcon: Sig- -utting- -rende- --- - luck -637
>>
No. 1073358 ID: ed041d
File 169582304008.png - (22.00KB , 542x220 , Mech30.png )
1073358

Radar scans show two paths ahead, Path A is emptier and may be less trouble, but Path B is picking up metallic content. Both should theoretically lead to the Temple Ruins eventually.

Which path do you take?
>>
No. 1073359 ID: 809e5e

Always B closing -- in on your objective.
>>
No. 1073360 ID: 584bc2

>>1073357
Last we checked we could take two items per arm.
B, we went recon to look at stuff.
>>
No. 1073412 ID: 0f383c

>>1073360
Sorry you need an os chip for the sholder mounting upgrade. You better hit the arena after this mission.

Anyway let's go down tunnel B.
>>
No. 1073511 ID: ed041d
File 169599673358.png - (24.58KB , 298x165 , Mech31.png )
1073511

You rocket down Route B, opting to investigate the disturbance on your radar systems.

It could be anything down there, anything.
>>
No. 1073512 ID: ed041d
File 169599703769.png - (40.84KB , 610x458 , Mech32.png )
1073512

Stopping for a moment you find large structures in the tunnel, you're getting close.

Also off in the distance are a few Box Walkers.

How do you want to handle this? Sneak past? Take them out? What other options could there be?
>>
No. 1073514 ID: 700d7f

Sneaking past is ideal. Otherwise you’ll have to aim carefully to pick them off from a distance.
>>
No. 1073548 ID: 0f383c

The one with the bazooka is a priority.
>>
No. 1073556 ID: 0bf2fd

>>1073512
Recon means staying quiet. If you get into combat, the recon has gone to shit since the moment they know you are there, the moment they know to start moving and changing shit making the recon worthless.

Wait a ways off, take pics and vids of the guards and at least one guard rotation, then backtrack and take the other route.
>>
No. 1073558 ID: 273c18

Try sneaking. We're investigating something so if we make a ruckus before we lay eyes on it, we might get bad intel.
>>
No. 1073823 ID: ed041d
File 169625677163.png - (36.14KB , 595x434 , Mech33.png )
1073823

Sticking high you boost past the Walkers and continue on further.
>>
No. 1073824 ID: ed041d
File 169625687063.png - (53.31KB , 389x371 , Mech34.png )
1073824

Landing you come upon the ruins excavated out by the Dunaris Monarchy. A large metallic structure with two absolutely massive doors stands before you, below a set of box walkers.

You are making good progress, recovering this data, you can end the job here and return to base, this is further than anyone has gotten before...

Or you could go in further.
>>
No. 1073827 ID: f8083d

You won't recon and sneak farther than a pair of huge doors.
Double back and recon down tunnel A.
>>
No. 1073829 ID: 0fbdcd

This is clearly not further than anyone has gone before, there's some dudes right in front of us!
Kill them with missiles from above and then look for a service entrance near the giant door.
>>
No. 1073830 ID: 3074c8

Wouldn't mess with doors and fighting for an ambiguous recon mission. If we want to go beyond the minimum effort we can check the other path.
>>
No. 1073835 ID: e5c0d9

Try hacking the doors open first.
>>
No. 1073873 ID: 0bf2fd

Absolutely do not fight these guys. This is recon, remember? Don't drop guys unless shit hits the fan. Also remember that the mission would be a wash then too.

Hacking the door is not realistic since these guys are likely trying to do that as well and they may have several days or even weeks of a head start.

Anyway, take pics, vids, and head back to the other path.
>>
No. 1073874 ID: e5709d

Hm.
You could throw the mission just to see what's inside.

Use your low-level hacking tools to slowly infiltrate the enemy comms. See if they're opening this door any time soon. If they are, consider ambushing them so you can smash and grab the big prize. If not, leave.
>>
No. 1073881 ID: a7a180

Keep going. What's stopping you?
>>
No. 1073997 ID: ed041d
File 169651248877.png - (19.06KB , 202x202 , Mech35.png )
1073997

You could continue, but this has been a recon mission and you've avoided combat for a reason. Going further now would jeopardize any progress you made, you plot a return route through tunnel A and head back.

You've completed your mission, you've earned 10 tokens, you now have 18.
>>
No. 1073998 ID: ed041d
File 169651259910.png - (7.19KB , 800x182 , Mech36.png )
1073998

You return to your base and garage, the board is empty at the moment.

:HandlerIcon: Good to hear from you again Fox, the ITA likes the footage we have... so the Monarchy uncovered something big down there, those doors are a bit ominous. Well we're not paid to worry, we're paid to get the job done.

What do you want to do now? You can use the Intranet, check the store, find new jobs, or do you want to spend some time outside of your mech?
>>
No. 1073999 ID: f8083d

Get some downtime first.
Then check the jobs, and we'll visit the store for equipment for the chosen job.
>>
No. 1074002 ID: e5709d

Get another mission. Don't take a break until your mech is damaged.
>>
No. 1074006 ID: 0bf2fd

>>1073998
See if Hannibal wants to play some games or go to a bar or something.
>>
No. 1074199 ID: ed041d
File 169668737262.png - (22.18KB , 338x210 , Mech37.png )
1074199

You decide to ask Hannibal if he wants to do anything.

:HandlerIcon: I can't 637, our relationship is strictly professional, I have work to cover. If you want company go outside to the rest of the campus.
>>
No. 1074200 ID: ed041d
File 169668762419.png - (59.54KB , 477x345 , Mech38.png )
1074200

You open the door from the garage and take a look at the ITA Campus, this was set up in short order mostly using prefab structures. This is where you'll be spending downtime if you're not using the systems available in the garage.

:HandlerIcon: Have fun 637, you have this covered.

There are 4 major buildings, not including helicopter pads off past the fences and walls.

Building A is the Mech-Range, a testing arena built for fine tuning your mech and testing its limitations. Go here if you want to practice at all.

Building B is the Garage, this is where you are currently, you're already familiar with it.

Building C is the bar, this is where Mech Pilots and mercenaries under the ITA's current employ go to relax and get some drinks.

Building D is the barracks, this is where you go to end your day and cycle any missions you may have.

You have options, what do you want to do first?
>>
No. 1074201 ID: 0b594e

C, time to unwind
>>
No. 1074317 ID: a7a180

Bar time!
>>
No. 1074355 ID: 9e0893

Head to building A and train in mech melee combat.
>>
No. 1074445 ID: ed041d
File 169696773981.png - (26.29KB , 338x278 , Mech39.png )
1074445

You step into the bar, and find what appears to be a reptillian of some sorts behind the bar, polishing an old glass with a prosthetic hand.

He's staring at you, wondering what you're up to.

What do you say?
>>
No. 1074446 ID: a758c7

“Gimme a drink, bartender.”
>>
No. 1074448 ID: 0b594e

"It's been a long day, I could use a drink"
>>
No. 1074449 ID: 0bf2fd

>>1074445
Sit down, when he asks what you want to drink, tell him to surprise you.
>>
No. 1074565 ID: ed041d
File 169711929360.png - (45.74KB , 357x236 , Mech40.png )
1074565

>>1074449
You step up to the bar.

:BartenderMech: Welcome to Union-U, the one stop bar and grill for Mech Pilots. You're a new face... ironic because you're actually showing your face, some pilots around here got this weird "Faceless" complex.

:GenericPilot3: I NEED ANOTHER DRINK!

:BartenderMech: See what I mean? What can I get you? We got beer on tap, a few select whiskeys popular among mercs, we've got some Vodka imported recently through ITA lines... or do you just want some water?
>>
No. 1074566 ID: e5709d

"I want fruit juice made from planet-side farms."
Loaded question; you want to know if there's any indication that this planet will be habitable once the fight is over.
>>
No. 1074567 ID: 2c0090

Get me some coffee with whiskey.
Got any rumors, bartender?
>>
No. 1074574 ID: eb7ce4

whos that guy asking for another drink? sounds like he had a bad day
>>
No. 1074577 ID: 4370c0

>>1074565
So, like, the joint only serves pilots? What about logistics personnel? Crewmen? Can the janitorial staff not come in here?

Does this mean he is also a pilot?

Also, that is a pretty snazzy outfit since most bartenders would probably just wear a t-shirt and apron.

Anyway, tell him to surprise you.
>>
No. 1074846 ID: ed041d
File 169746811119.png - (26.90KB , 258x267 , Mech41.png )
1074846

>>1074566
:PilotIconF: Do you know if the planet will be habitable after all of this?

:BartenderMech: Was it ever? This place was a dump even in the early days, terraforming never held right. It's only been recently the Monarchy got busy, they got their hands on some fancy super tech and now everyone wants it.

>>1074574
:PilotIconF: Who is that guy complaining? Sounds like he had a bad day.

:BartenderMech: It's about to get a lot worse since I had to cut him off.

>>1074577
:PilotIconF: So does this bar only serve pilots?

:BartenderMech: No we serve everyone, it's just that all ITA related mercenaries come through here since the campus is here. Hence why we became a Pilot's bar. Now are you going to order anything?

:PilotIconF: Surprise Me.

:BartenderMech: Here, have a 250mm shot.

The bartender sets down a small shot glass of an odd bubbling liquid, it seems to fizz heavily. Do you drink it?
>>
No. 1074847 ID: f905c9

Of course, beggars can’t be choosers.
>>
No. 1074881 ID: 99e162

>>1074846
Drink it, he is kinda cute...
>>
No. 1074882 ID: e5709d

Lap it at first to taste if there's some kind of poison.
>>
No. 1074883 ID: 0b594e

Knock it back, then flip the glass and slap it down on the bar like a cool and tough merc would.
>>
No. 1074907 ID: 8f9bc4

SCHLORP SCHLORP SCHLORP
>>
No. 1074908 ID: 4370c0

>>1074846
Obviously drink it.

Also could we get a sprite with the helmet removed when we have the helmet off? That would be awesome.
>>
No. 1074974 ID: ed041d
File 169764129020.png - (21.27KB , 166x198 , Mech42.png )
1074974

You decide to try the 250mm, quite the name on it.

It's a singular shot so you lift it up and down it.
>>
No. 1074975 ID: ed041d
File 169764134521.png - (21.35KB , 166x198 , Mech43.png )
1074975

HOLY SHIT THIS THING HAS SOME KICK! If you still had your tail you swear it'd be standing up on end completely fluffed.

:BartenderMech: Want another?
>>
No. 1074979 ID: eb7ce4

take another, irresponsible drinking is COOL
>>
No. 1074980 ID: 0bf2fd

>>1074975
Smack the glass on the counter. Say something like "damn that shit's good!" and then decline another. You should stay (mostly) sober for now.

So, do you have any friends or anything? If not, who else is in the bar? Maybe also ask the bartender about the local happenings (outside of company military shit. you already know that stuff)
>>
No. 1074987 ID: a7a180

Let me enjoy this one first, compadre.
See if anybody at this doesn't look like a pilot.
>>
No. 1075001 ID: c572e3

kind of an unrelated note, but i wonder what we call the type of mechs we use? strike armors? assault suits? modular weapons? something like those
>>
No. 1075012 ID: e5709d

"Did my bust go up a cup?!"
Ask about other mercenaries. Since you might be on opposing sides, is there a special incentive for sparing an opposing merc's life?
>>
No. 1075013 ID: 85c6ae

>>1074975
>no tail
Aw shit, that sucks. What happened? How did you lose it?
>>
No. 1075131 ID: ed041d
File 169780964276.png - (59.11KB , 594x205 , Mech44.png )
1075131

>>1074980
You set the shot glass down and opt to stay mostly sober for now. As for friends, you don't have any, least you don't remember any. You ask if there are any other mercs in right now, the Bartender points out 3 at another table talking. You might want to consider talking to them.

>>1075001
They're just called Mechs, nobody ever came up with any fancy names.

>>1075013
Same way you lost your right eye and got scarred. A job gone wrong.
>>
No. 1075132 ID: 0bf2fd

>>1075131
Can you not get a cyber tail?

Also wtf have you done between missions up to this point?
>>
No. 1075133 ID: 0bf2fd

>>1075012
>bust
Tbh it needs all the help it can get.
>>
No. 1075135 ID: e5709d

Consider sticking a neural port on your butt. Tail attachment optional.
And yeah, why not install a camera eye or something in the hole.
>>
No. 1075145 ID: a7a180

Sit and talk about your wacky prosthetic ideas.
>>
No. 1075367 ID: ed041d
File 169808106074.png - (37.78KB , 341x196 , Mech45.png )
1075367

>>1075132
Replacing parts isn't so easy, you haven't really had time and you just recently underwent some more modification after your lost job cost you that tail.

And what you've done isn't much, you just got onto the planet and opted to establish yourself for the ITA.

>>1075135
Because your brain isn't wired to deal with senses like that, it's like having an extra set of arms, you can't just shoot more guns any more efficiently because your senses only go so far. A replacement tail would be more practical.

You should ask Hannibal about that.

>>1075145
You walk over to the other table.

:PilotIconF: Hello

:LionMechIcon: Hello there, you're new. What is your name?

:PilotIconF: 637 Fox

:LionMechIcon: Bit of a mouthful, what brings you over?
>>
No. 1075654 ID: ed041d
File 169832873775.png - (40.09KB , 471x183 , Mech46.png )
1075654

:LionMechIcon: Not much of a talker huh? Well, my name is Leonardo... yeah I get the joke. These two with me are Lupin.

:WolfMechIcon: Hm.

:LionMechIcon: And Tien.

:HawkMechIcon: Don't talk to me.

:LionMechIcon: We're with the Junk Division under Wilson Scrap. You're with Hannibal right? Kowalski Wayne Mercantile, not a bad company to work under if not a bit... deadly.

You can tell that Leonardo has a basic false eye, and that Lupin is clearly boosted in some way. Tien however has no modifications whatsoever at all.

:LionMechIcon: So, why are you working with Hannibal? What are you getting out of this?

That's a good question, you never thought about it and you don't really remember why you joined in the first place... but answering that may make you look like a mindless tool. Do you want to be honest? Or do you want to come up with a reason of some sort? If you do, what is your answer?
>>
No. 1075691 ID: 0bf2fd

>>1075654
>>1071908
Now, if I recall, you said the company owns you and you need to fight to earn your freedom back. You are likely a debt slave. Idk how you forgot this...

Anyway, for now just say you have your reasons.
>>
No. 1075694 ID: 8f9bc4

I mean if it wasn't normal to say you don't remember anything before you started working for Kowalski-Wayne, I'm sure you would remember that.

If nothing else, your company has a good work-to-own program. You did say that if you work with Hannibal, you'll have your own life again in no time. Certainly better than just being owned by someone else indefinitely.
>>
No. 1075695 ID: 0b594e

Talk about your plans for after you get out of debt. How you're going to retire, start a business, and get the coolest tail money can buy.
>>
No. 1075707 ID: 2205c2

From the mortality risk and the frequency of the missions we've done so far it seems we are pretty much in a meat grinder. Which would be quite traumatic for the area's workers to witness. At least from the comment about not wearing our helmet it seems that most pilots take to dissociating from society. Pilots who want to make friends and the most of their short lives or worse think they are 'different' and won't die, probably happen and cause worse trauma. So people might be a bit guarded about you being friends with them.

We should get this conversation back on track while showing we have a mature awareness of our situation and respect their boundaries. By being a weirdo and giving a stilted monolog made up of the answers to every one of their questions in sequential order. Just be honest that we're a bit blank, they've probably already noticed anyway. In general a polished public image shouldn't be our concern, everyone is probably used to pilots being a bit rattled. Just live it.

"My corporate name may be a bit much but it's less cruel to people that way if you get what I mean. You are always free to call me something cuter~. I prefer to get to know those who I am around, wherever I may be. Thank you for the introductions.

I talk off and on, more often on the less side. Under Hannibal, that is correct. Can't say why because I don't remember but the missions I have been getting are my preferred balanced of risk and challenge, so I would judge it as a good choice."
>>
No. 1075952 ID: ed041d
File 169867729798.png - (27.36KB , 199x204 , Mech47.png )
1075952

>>1075691
You know that part, but you don't recall how it happened or why you agreed to it. Though Hannibal did say you could work off your debt here, maybe with all the ruins being found?

>>1075694
You don't recall much because the augments you underwent involved some brain surgery, apparently its not impossible to forget stuff from that.

>>1075695
A tail would be good yes.

>>1075707
This isn't entirely a bad idea either.

:PilotIconF: I'm in debt to Kowalski Wayne Mercantile.

:LionMechIcon: Ah, the trading company.

You that you signaled the logo wrong. Too late now, continue.

:PilotIconF: Yes, I have been promised that my work here will get me my life back.

:WolfMechIcon: There may be an opportunity there.

:LionMechIcon: Finally speaking up then Lupin?

:HawkMechIcon: Come on! Fox just got here, are we really going to induct them into this?

:LionMechIcon: We could use an extra gun on hand...
>>
No. 1075953 ID: 8016c1

I’m willing to look into subcontracting, but I do need to know the pay.
>>
No. 1076046 ID: 0b594e

Are they looking for help? Because we could definitely use more work.
>>
No. 1076064 ID: 0bf2fd

>>1076046
Do we? Afaik we are taking a quick rest between sorties. Idk that we really have the time for more work. Plus it could be a breach of contract for us to take it.
>>
No. 1076097 ID: ed041d
File 169884802168.png - (28.45KB , 192x188 , Mech48.png )
1076097

Leo's eye starts to glow as he projects an image.

>>1075953
:LionMechIcon: Payment is access to a new Dunaris mech, using technology nobody recognizes.

>>1076064
:PilotIconF: I'm in between sorties, I don't really have time. Plus this may be a breach of contract.

:LionMechIcon: No major breach, we just have access to upcoming jobs. At most you're just being informed ahead of time what our next big job is, we can put it on the board. No trade tokens for this, however a whole mech isn't a bad deal is it?
>>
No. 1076099 ID: 8f9bc4

You're not sure they get it but Clark IV is a dangerous place these days. If their missions ever conflict with the interests of Kowalski-Wayne, they are going to have to do it without any supporting fire. You cannot risk giving the company more leverage over you for a couple of guys you met at a bar. You'll agree to it but only if they have a backup plan should everything go sour and you have to turn them down at the worst possible time. Do they have another mech pilot? You won't feel slighted if they do, you just don't want to get them killed over some false hopes, because you're on a very tight leash right now.

It can go unspoken that if they turn out to be some sort of ragtag band of misfits valiantly fighting evil with giant robots, then you might be willing to risk more as you get to know them better.
>>
No. 1076102 ID: 767c2e

I'm sure they can't give details, but what sort of tech is this mech sporting? Would it mesh well with our combat style?
>>
No. 1076122 ID: 0bf2fd

>>1076097
Patch in Hannibal and let him get the detes.
>>
No. 1076330 ID: ed041d
File 169901987993.png - (46.15KB , 279x271 , Mech49.png )
1076330

>>1076099
You point out that this may conflict with KW's interests.

:LionMechIcon: Not a big deal, the corps do have some united interests but if you can't make it the job will probably be taken by somebody else.

>>1076102
:WolfMechIcon: We don't know.

:LionMechIcon: Hence the mission to go get it tomorrow.

>>1076122
You patch in Hannibal.

:HandlerIcon: What is it 637?

You inform him of the details.

:HandlerIcon: Ah, a job. You may get these on occasion, the corps have competing interests yes but the ITA is here to make sure we all play nice. Is this job going to appear on the board tomorrow? If so, not a big deal, KW approves all jobs on our board. We're not the only KW mercs on planet.

Shouldn't be too much trouble then, will you take the job tomorrow?
>>
No. 1076331 ID: eb0a9c

>>1076330
May as well.
>>
No. 1076339 ID: b3eab7

Yeah, let's take the mission as soon as it's approved.
>>
No. 1076362 ID: 8f9bc4

Thank them for offering. You'll be looking forward to seeing what their tricked out mech is capable of.
>>
No. 1076377 ID: 0b594e

Hang on, we forgot to ask what the job actually entails.
>>
No. 1076611 ID: ed041d
File 169928221142.png - (15.66KB , 366x107 , Mech50.png )
1076611

>>1076331
>>1076339
>>1076362

You thank them for the job, you'll keep it in mind for tomorrow. However...

>>1076377
You want more information.

:HawkMechIcon: It'll be transported via a secure rail line, we'll be hitting it, we don't know what car it'll be in. When we do find it, one of us will have to get out and pilot it out. It'll be me.

:LionMechIcon: It's first there, Tien, don't forget that.
>>
No. 1076953 ID: ed041d
File 169962564355.png - (59.54KB , 477x345 , Mech38.png )
1076953

:LionMechIcon: If that's all, my fellows and I need to head off.

You're left by yourself in the bar, do you want to continue to stay in there? Go to the range? Or do you want to call it for the evening?
>>
No. 1076955 ID: eb0a9c

Range sounds good.
>>
No. 1076956 ID: 1371b2

Go for the new mech grabbing! New toys are always fun.
>>
No. 1076957 ID: ddd376

Range, how are our hit and run tactics?
>>
No. 1076965 ID: 0bf2fd

>>1076953
Check out your social media.
>>
No. 1077186 ID: ed041d
File 169988647840.png - (29.71KB , 290x220 , Mech51.png )
1077186

You opt to go to the Mech Range, you enter an observation post and see one of the Mechs speeding about holding a shield.

:GenericMech5: Hey welcome to the range. Do you want to use a practice mech or do you wanna use your own mech? Just looking to test out your skills?

Well at least this individual is friendly. What do you want to do here at the range? You can:
- Run through some trials
- Face a sim opponent
- Practice some basic skills

And you can use your own mech or one of the supplied practice mechs.
>>
No. 1077190 ID: 651c8a

Targets on a train will probably be armed with ranged weapons. We should practice dodging fire, blocking with the shield, and rapidly closing distance for sword strikes.
>>
No. 1077294 ID: 0bf2fd

>>1077186
Chat this guy up. What's their name? How long have they been here? What sort of mech do they tend to favorite? How much action have they seen?
>>
No. 1077431 ID: ed041d
File 170014518064.png - (33.32KB , 283x252 , Mech52.png )
1077431

You decide to opt for a high speed sim, it'll take a bit to load in.

You decide to talk to this grunt while waiting.

>>1077294
These are good enough questions.

:GenericMech5: Whoa! A lot of questions, enh judging by your state you've got some more intensive head augmentations, not unusual for this kinda deal. My Name? Call me Johnson for now. The Clarke Conflict has only been going on 2 years but I've been with the ITA for about 10 years now, pay and health plan is pretty good. I prefer heavy builds myself, forget speed when you can just destroy everything in your path with WMDs. As for action, I served 5 years and fought a bunch of border wars on the edge of colonized space, so depending on whether or not you balance conflict per war fought... 3... Smaller battles are way more. Now I'm working in support maintaining ITA facilities.

You think that's enough questions, maybe. Do you have more or do you want to get onto the range?
>>
No. 1077448 ID: de5cb4

Mech time
>>
No. 1077454 ID: 0bf2fd

>>1077431
Seems like a neat guy. Are the facilities equipped for sparring? If so, see if he wants to do that.
>>
No. 1077542 ID: a7a180

Range up!
>>
No. 1077697 ID: ed041d
File 170049716875.png - (45.02KB , 248x331 , Mech53.png )
1077697

You ask to get the range ready for hit and run tactics.

:GenericMech5: Okay no problem, got a speedy job tomorrow huh? Light builds work well for this, but a decent medium build isn't a problem.

You offer to spar with him some time.

:GenericMech5: Nah, I'm good, I'm done my piloting days.
>>
No. 1077698 ID: ed041d
File 170049720335.png - (57.55KB , 829x455 , Mech Build Trainer.png )
1077698

You look over the Trainer build, this will do for now, it's pretty much even more middling than your August build.
>>
No. 1077699 ID: ed041d
File 170049724759.png - (27.03KB , 267x244 , Mech54.png )
1077699

The sim loads up, and a train starts to speed across, various cars having turrets on top.

What is your first move?
>>
No. 1077721 ID: de5cb4

Come in low, then boost up to land on top of a turret.
>>
No. 1077741 ID: 8f9bc4

Yeah, those turrets seem only to have a barrel slot for angling upward.
>>
No. 1077812 ID: eb0a9c

Stop trying to game the simulation. The real thing's going to have more complex turrets.

Test out your evasion and see how long it takes to get a new paint job all over your chest.
>>
No. 1077862 ID: 2fce91

>>1077699
Turret on the left can likely move and shoot very fast. It probably will be used to intercept any projectiles we fire at it.
>>
No. 1077879 ID: ed041d
File 170075649866.png - (43.54KB , 439x336 , Mech55.png )
1077879

>>1077721
>>1077741
You boost low and avoid active angles, the Training mech has decent speed.

You boost upwards.
>>
No. 1077880 ID: ed041d
File 170075651539.png - (48.04KB , 262x333 , Mech56.png )
1077880

And land on top of the gatling turret, what do you do now?
>>
No. 1077882 ID: a7a180

Crush its skull with your steel-plated thighs.
>>
No. 1077921 ID: 8f9bc4

Point the turret at the other turret?

Depending on how sophisticated this simulation is, all you might be able to do is shoot the other turret, while keeping the one unable to aim at you.

If you can't disable the other turret before it turns towards you, rip out the turret you're sitting on and dodge out of the way of the other one.
>>
No. 1077938 ID: de5cb4

Beam blade to the barrel below you, disabling the gatling turret. Then charge and slash the other turret before it can turn to you.
>>
No. 1078124 ID: ed041d
File 170109990363.png - (57.96KB , 377x346 , Mech57.png )
1078124

>>1077938
You charge forward, making use of your mounted beam weapon, slicing through the turrets.

You've handled this, however turrets aren't the only problem a high speed train might have.
>>
No. 1078125 ID: ed041d
File 170109995804.png - (54.13KB , 335x331 , Mech58.png )
1078125

The Sim loads in a heavy mech build, the train will be guarded after all.

What is your first move?
>>
No. 1078126 ID: b3eab7

Start with suppressive fire! Can't let the enemy shoot first when there's no cover.
>>
No. 1078154 ID: 8f9bc4

The train itself is cover, with the caveat that you could get dragged under the wheels if you're hanging on the side. Mister Heavy won't shoot through the train they're supposed to be guarding after all. ...probably.
>>
No. 1078180 ID: 0bf2fd

rip a hole in the train to get in cover
>>
No. 1078187 ID: de5cb4

Fire at its optics and duck over the side while it can't see. Can you boost run along the side of the train to get behind it?
>>
No. 1078276 ID: ed041d
File 170128154439.png - (47.00KB , 484x195 , Mech59.png )
1078276

>>1078187
Too small a target and would require being in the line of sight, and your boost pack isn't meant for that, you'd need a flight pack or speed pack.

>>1078154
>>1078180
You rip a hole in the roof and angle the metal upwards to block the incoming fire.

It works, though the Heavy Mech still has 2 4 tube missile launchers. What is your next action?
>>
No. 1078286 ID: 8f9bc4

Close in on the mech with your improvised shield. Do it fast before the missles hit, then throw the shield into the path of the missiles. Use the explosion as cover to drop some grenades at your friend's feet. Make like you're going to beam saber them, to keep their eyes off the ground, then boost back before the grenades explode.
>>
No. 1078354 ID: de5cb4

What's inside the train? We could drop down to attack the heavy from bellow.
>>
No. 1078391 ID: ed041d
File 170144059144.png - (73.00KB , 775x376 , Mech60.png )
1078391

>>1078354
This is a sim so the train is empty, you drop down through the hole you've made, avoiding the missiles, boosting to where your radar says the heavy is.

What's your next action?
>>
No. 1078411 ID: 8f9bc4

Beam uppercut!
>>
No. 1078435 ID: de5cb4

Stab em in the foot!
>>
No. 1078638 ID: ed041d
File 170170832156.png - (23.59KB , 223x213 , Mech61.png )
1078638

You strike upwards and ignite the beam blade. Beam weapons cut through anything but have limitations such as range and speed, a good beam blade does wonders however at cutting through even the heaviest of armor.
>>
No. 1078639 ID: ed041d
File 170170836734.png - (22.96KB , 581x386 , Mech62.png )
1078639

You poke your head out as the Sim-Mech collapses into a pile of junk and flames... just as Helicopters roll in.

You are starting to ponder if tomorrow's mission will be even worse in some way.
>>
No. 1078640 ID: 8f9bc4

>>1078639

Oh it'll definitely be worse. What you should be pondering is why you're going up against Dunaris, knowing they have some fancy super tech and you do not? If they have enough time to send helicopter reinforcements, you're going to find half of your mech dimensionally shifted 7 light years away before you know it.

Consider that surprise and speed is vital to this mission. You're going to need to grab that new mech and run. Can you bury your mech beside the train tracks, so they won't see you coming?
>>
No. 1078652 ID: de5cb4

How close are we to the target? Can we stay within the train to get there or will we be forced to emerge?
>>
No. 1078885 ID: ed041d
File 170195950119.png - (33.56KB , 385x221 , Mech63.png )
1078885

>>1078640
You'll consider this tactic and suggest it to Leo.

>>1078652
You can stay within, according to your RADAR systems, the target is a few cars down, getting inside the train was a bonus.

You open the door and see a Box Walker, you remember that this Sim is meant to push you.

How do you react to the Box Walker?
>>
No. 1078914 ID: 8f9bc4

>>1078885

Open the box to find the treasure inside!

Alternatively, stay against the wall of the train so it can't get a clamp around one side of your mech, and try to knock it off balance. It's probably a service mech not designed for combat, and less agile than your current speedy setup.
>>
No. 1078917 ID: 76615e

Since this is a sim lets try something bold.
Try using boost to run up the wall, drop down on the box and drive a beam through it.
>>
No. 1079028 ID: ed041d
File 170213322870.png - (18.17KB , 215x162 , Mech64.png )
1079028

>>1078914
You're already in the train, the next car is blocked off by this box unit.

>>1078917
You boost upwards, only to remember this cargo car isn't exactly big and clonk into the ceiling in short order.
>>
No. 1079029 ID: ed041d
File 170213324710.png - (41.85KB , 478x211 , Mech65.png )
1079029

The Box Walker takes its opportunity to fire a scatter shot from its shotgun.
>>
No. 1079030 ID: ed041d
File 170213328007.png - (37.44KB , 237x366 , Mech66.png )
1079030

Your head and left arm take damage, they're not out of the fight just yet.

How will you resolve this?
>>
No. 1079050 ID: 76615e

Oops. Before it fires again rush it and knock its gun to the side. Using it for cover lob a grenade or two into the next car.
>>
No. 1079051 ID: 8f9bc4

Oh no, your only weakness! Gun!
>>
No. 1079061 ID: 0bf2fd

>>1079050
This but use the sword. Also, set down the smg and grab the box's shotgun.
>>
No. 1079112 ID: ed041d
File 170230937941.png - (21.13KB , 325x141 , Mech67.png )
1079112

>>1079061
You spark out the sword, it falters a bit from the damage but works, you stab through and fire two grenades down the car.
>>
No. 1079113 ID: ed041d
File 170230941146.png - (26.04KB , 253x183 , Mech68.png )
1079113

You drop the SMG and take the shotgun from the Box Walker, the car's other end going up in smoke and fire from your attack.

What next?
>>
No. 1079206 ID: 76615e

Scan the next car for targets, then start blasting. If we take too long the helicopters will probably start shooting through the wall at us.
>>
No. 1079292 ID: ed041d
File 170256675269.png - (30.29KB , 235x216 , Mech69.png )
1079292

You initiate a pulse scan, the next car is clear.
>>
No. 1079293 ID: ed041d
File 170256687613.png - (25.33KB , 266x218 , Mech70.png )
1079293

You enter the car and touch the box, you hear a ding. The Sim is done.

You can run through this a few more times before you need to rest for the evening.

An option appears in your field of view, for 14 tokens, you can take the SMG, Shotgun, Grenade Launcher, and even the gatling the Heavy mech had.

Will you? You have 18 tokens.
>>
No. 1079294 ID: b3eab7

So... do we double down on close range, or try for versatility? If the next assignment will be part of a team, I'd say we double down and take the shotgun.
>>
No. 1079302 ID: 0bf2fd

>>1079293
Tokens?
>>
No. 1079328 ID: 76615e

>>1079294
agreed, we seem to excel at close range.
>>
No. 1079394 ID: ed041d
File 170283056670.png - (45.28KB , 401x371 , Mech71.png )
1079394

You decide to double down and take the package, the weapons are all yours. Your Mech should be repaired as well by now.

You have 4 Trade Tokens left.
>>
No. 1079395 ID: ed041d
File 170283060452.png - (59.54KB , 477x345 , Mech38.png )
1079395

You stand back outside the range, will you go to the barracks for the evening for now?

Or will you do something else, if so, what?
>>
No. 1079399 ID: 0dbb76

We should relax at the barracks. Put on your favorite tunes.
>>
No. 1079552 ID: ed041d
File 170308709475.png - (11.03KB , 156x105 , Mech72.png )
1079552

You head to the barracks and opt to rest for the day. Tomorrow will hold new opportunities.

After Any Mission You Can Return To The Campus To Rest If You So Desire.
>>
No. 1079555 ID: ed041d
File 170308776591.png - (24.73KB , 800x182 , Mech73.png )
1079555

You awake shortly after, it is another day and the ITA board has new jobs listed.

:HandlerIcon: Rest well 637? Grab whatever breakfast rations you have available, there are a few jobs listed in our roster today.

Assault - Train Job
:HandlerIcon: Your new friends made sure this got listed to our Roster. This would probably rank as a priority mission, no ITA Trade Tokens given for this but seeing as the prize is access to a brand new machine, I'd say it's worth it. You don't have to take this job however, you are free to ignore it if you so wish.

Recon - Tunnels Part 2
:HandlerIcon: Technically only Recon in name only, the ITA has mustered up a force and is looking for willing Pilots. Recall that massive door? The ITA is going to attempt to push past it and occupy it. 20 Trade Tokens for this, if you want my advice I'd go for it. However there is still the networking of other companies and networks, KW Mercantile needs positive relations so building those with other corps may be necessary.

Assassination - Senator
:HandlerIcon: This is an open job that nobody's grabbed yet, we could probably get you refitted after either of the other jobs easily and sent out. One of the Dunarian Senate is in a safe zone, heavily guarded but a good enough pilot could get in and stomp the hideout. I'll leave it to you Fox.

You have a decision to make, the first two jobs are only open today and you can only take one. Do you go for tokens or do you continue to build positive relations with your fellow pilots? You aren't vital for either but it is up to you.
>>
No. 1079556 ID: eb0a9c

Let's do the train job.
>>
No. 1079558 ID: b9014f

I really want to know what's behind the door, but let's do the train job. Improved connections and new tech? Too good to turn down.
>>
No. 1079563 ID: d5e7f4

>>1079555
Take the train job
>>
No. 1079612 ID: b3eab7

Yeah, time to take the job we just trained for.
>>
No. 1079617 ID: ddec8d

Train
>>
No. 1079716 ID: ed041d
File 170344917331.png - (21.35KB , 800x182 , Mech74.png )
1079716

You select the Train Job.
>>
No. 1079717 ID: ed041d
File 170344923970.png - (54.75KB , 829x455 , Mech75.png )
1079717

You now have time to select your loadout, what parts will you use for this mission?

Look back over the quest and posts to see what parts are available and then decide what is the most optimal build for this mission.
>>
No. 1079729 ID: 76615e

Beam sword has served us well, balance that with the machine gun. Grenade launcher and missiles for the shoulder slots. Round that out with the booster and we should be good to go.
>>
No. 1079789 ID: ed041d
File 170361264574.png - (57.94KB , 829x455 , Mech76.png )
1079789

You load up your August mech parts and keep the standard units. You add the Grenade Launcher to the left shoulder.

You are prepared.
>>
No. 1079790 ID: ed041d
File 170361284285.png - (18.59KB , 265x138 , Mech77.png )
1079790

You speed out to the target zone, meeting with your comrades for this mission.

You see Leo, Lupin, and Tien.

:LionMechIcon: Good to see you Fox. Ready for the mission?

:WolfMechIcon: The train is passing through.

:LionMechIcon: Super commuter like this, lots of freight and cargo. The train cars we want are a bit farther back.

:HawkMechIcon: Don't screw this up.

:LionMechIcon: Easy Tien, we're professionals, and Fox helped break through the blockade. We're good.

Anything you want to say? Or do you just want to boost in?
>>
No. 1079833 ID: 76615e

Just get a quick rundown on their combat styles and how yours will best compliment theirs.
>>
No. 1080034 ID: ed041d
File 170386393287.png - (44.27KB , 210x332 , Mech78.png )
1080034

First is Leon and his Mech, "Havoc".

Havoc is a heavy build, using 4 tube launchers on both shoulders and carrying two bazookas. It's a slower model but has good range options.
>>
No. 1080035 ID: ed041d
File 170386398741.png - (27.56KB , 133x270 , Mech79.png )
1080035

Lupin's mech is called Dancer. It is a lightweight build that has two beam sabers and no other weapons, it appears to be a pure melee build focused on speed, unusual but viable in its own right.

Presumably you'd be covering its range issues.
>>
No. 1080036 ID: ed041d
File 170386403864.png - (44.64KB , 289x313 , Mech80.png )
1080036

Finally is Tien's mech, a medium tank build named "Frontline". It boasts two rapid fire rifles, medium range with good stability.
>>
No. 1080037 ID: eb0a9c

Leon and Tien can hang back and launch artillery across the train, wrecking most of its internal guard before they can even deploy. Meanwhile, you and Lupin will charge in and hunt down any escape protocol scouts tasked with absconding with the really good stuff.
>>
No. 1080069 ID: 8f9bc4

Oh great. Lupin's an artist. Does his mech have high heels? And he's going to be fighting with only one eye, no cybernetics in his left socket?

The others seem pretty on the level. That guy though... would've been nice if you could see him in action before committing to this. The train's here though, so oh well!
>>
No. 1080073 ID: 76615e

If you can time it right, a barrage from Leon with you and Lupin charging in while the enemy is disoriented would be a powerful opening move.
>>
No. 1080159 ID: ed041d
File 170412308504.png - (51.20KB , 327x386 , Mech81.png )
1080159

You opt to point out that with a right timed barrage from Leo and Havoc, that you and Lupin can rush the train.

Leo agrees readily, and a few moments later has opened fire.

:LionMechIcon: The cars are here, that's our target. Get in there.
>>
No. 1080160 ID: ed041d
File 170412312946.png - (12.37KB , 223x153 , Mech82.png )
1080160

The train is struck, you start boosting forward with Lupin.

What's your first move? Do you want to open fire, wait, observe? You're attacking the train for certain, but you have numerous options.
>>
No. 1080162 ID: 76615e

Since lupin is pure Melee they go first, with you close behind covering them with the machine gun.
How is the trains armor, any holes? If there are you should slip inside, if not clear the roof defenses out.
>>
No. 1080164 ID: eb0a9c

Fire a salvo at any critically damaged points to break the train up into parts, followed by grenades directly into the car. If you can disable their internal reinforcements, it'll save you ammo in the long run.
>>
No. 1080280 ID: ed041d
File 170431455054.png - (91.36KB , 623x393 , Mech83.png )
1080280

You rush in with Lupin, opening fire on the train which has ground to a halt. You'll be providing covering fire while Lupin moves in.
>>
No. 1080281 ID: ed041d
File 170431458422.png - (26.96KB , 302x192 , Mech84.png )
1080281

You take out a Box Walker popping out of the hole with a rocket launcher, you still have some ways to go and more are moving out to defend the train.

What else will you do?
>>
No. 1080297 ID: 76615e

Strafe left, approaching at an angle.
If you can boost onto the roof, you could then drop down on the defenders and carve through them. They'll never see it coming.
>>
No. 1080338 ID: b3eab7

Do you have smoke grenades? That could help cover your approach.
>>
No. 1080401 ID: ed041d
File 170447055484.png - (41.96KB , 270x280 , Mech85.png )
1080401

You strafe and boost up high onto the train, opening fire with your grenade launcher
>>
No. 1080402 ID: ed041d
File 170447058023.png - (49.17KB , 433x307 , Mech86.png )
1080402

You take out more box mechs, Lupin hasn't had a chance yet, but hey, you're making it work.

What will you do next?
>>
No. 1080420 ID: eb0a9c

Punch holes in the closed train compartments with your shotgun, then toss some classic frag ammo down the holes and let 'em sing.
>>
No. 1080444 ID: 76615e

Keep harrying the defenders so Lupin can get to the hole. His melee build should make short work of any mechs inside.
>>
No. 1080543 ID: ed041d
File 170466128120.png - (26.68KB , 347x123 , Mech87.png )
1080543

You keep pressing the defenders, as Lupin finally enters and starts tearing through the Box Walkers.

Impressive.

:WolfMechIcon: I have it from here, secure the area until the others arrive, I will take care of any defenders handling the front.

He speeds off, further into the train.

:LionMechIcon: Most words he has ever talked.

You could sit here and secure the area, or you could go further in the other way, the Mech you're after is further down the Train.

What will you do?
>>
No. 1080549 ID: b3eab7

Trust Lupin and follow the instructions, secure the area.
>>
No. 1080568 ID: 76615e

Hold here, keep an eye out for any turrets or hatches that might pop up on the roof.
Once the others catch up you can drop in the hole.
>>
No. 1080681 ID: 8f9bc4

Well, at least he's effective. I'd like to know how much damage his mech is sustaining though. Secure the area like he said. The others can't hang back sniping the train forever. It'll take all four of you to get this.
>>
No. 1080689 ID: ed041d
File 170483849774.png - (68.45KB , 501x663 , Mech88.png )
1080689

You sit by and secure the train car, it's easy enough. Seems the turrets aren't active, maybe Lupin got to them? Maybe there were none on this. Would make it less likely to be picked up as important if it had no turrets.

Havoc rolls up shortly.

:LionMechIcon: Good job Fox, you and Lupin have it under control. Tien, pick up the pace.

:HawkMechIcon: Frontline is a tank build, sure it's a bit speedier but it's still a tank. I'm amazed you're so fast in that heavy artillery build.

:LionMechIcon: High output booster kit, Fox here knows the value. Unlike your armor kit.

:HawkMechIcon: Either way, Lupin has the interior defenders from here.

:LionMechIcon: Quite right, ready to enter the rear cars, Fox?
>>
No. 1080710 ID: 3b43ea

Leon should pop in first and blow the door to the next car, then Tien can rake the defenders with rifle fire. Not sure where that leaves you though.
Would you be able to cut through the roof of the next car and drop into the midst of the enemy while their attention is on your companions?
>>
No. 1080731 ID: eb0a9c

I have a better idea: decouple the rear cars one-by-one, then use your mechs' collective strength to heave them off the bridge. Any internal guards will be scrambling to leave the drowning cars and you can pick them off one-by-one.
>>
No. 1080760 ID: ed041d
File 170498544078.png - (15.22KB , 217x133 , Mech89.png )
1080760

>>1080710
You drop down and regroup with Leo and Tien.

You approach the doors, only one thing left to do. You pop the command to open the doors.
>>
No. 1080761 ID: ed041d
File 170498566598.png - (44.75KB , 330x390 , Mech90.png )
1080761

As soon as the doors open, Tien opens fire ripping everything inside to shreds. It's... relatively short work. With your medium build you're not sure what would happen if you were to ever face the Junk Division head on.

Do you have anything to say or do you want to wait?
>>
No. 1080762 ID: f79b1c

Impressive work. Once he's done, slip in and flush out any mechs that weren't in the line of fire.
>>
No. 1080861 ID: 8f9bc4

Careful you don't damage the experimental mech that you came here for!
>>
No. 1080874 ID: eb0a9c

Stay quiet and look around for the most expensive stuff to haul.
>>
No. 1081062 ID: ed041d
File 170533378794.png - (56.03KB , 523x345 , Mech91.png )
1081062

:PilotIconF: Impressive Work.

You look inside, what's left is a few smoking wrecks, and a heavily secured door. Shouldn't take more than a few moments for your code breaker.

:HawkMechIcon: Frontline is built for situations like this, you should have seen our boarding action a few years ago. Handled that pretty quickly.

:LionMechIcon: Pretty heavy door, I think our ticket is behind it. So, here comes the problem.

:HawkMechIcon: Lupin, come in, we need you back down here. We think we found what the Monarchy has in hand.

:WolfMechIcon: Negative, caught up, more defense ahead.

:LionMechIcon: And there's our problem, we want the Mech under our control, it's tracked by the Monarchy and we're gonna need to break it. Recovering our mechs would be simple enough, but carrying this thing will be... difficult.

:HawkMechIcon: One of us is gonna need to handle that, I got no experience with Light Mechs, too speedy for me.

:LionMechIcon: We may not have any choice, my systems aren't tuned for light build integration either, but it's a risk we may have to take. Or we could send Fox in.

:HawkMechIcon: No... hell no! This is a Wilson Scrap job, Kowalski Wayne has no place in-

:LionMechIcon: Thank you, Tien. Fox, I'll smooth anything over. Our options are destroy it and lose the tech, attempt to carry it out and risk being overrun in escort... or one of us pilots. What do you think?
>>
No. 1081064 ID: b3eab7

I say heaviest mech carries it and we escort.
Failing that, we pilot the mech.
>>
No. 1081068 ID: 5ebd37

Someone should go forward and relieve Leon, so they can carry the mech. Melee won't be much use in a retreat anyway.
Unless there isn't time, in which case we'll need to see the mech's armaments to know if it should be piloted or carried.
Could you carry it while still having use of your gun arm?
>>
No. 1081070 ID: 8f9bc4

Kowalski Wayne has no stake in this either. You're pretty sure they don't even know how much of a big deal this is. You were approved to take on third party contract jobs, and your supervisor didn't ask for the details. According to him, there's nothing to worry about since "the ITA is here to make sure we all play nice."

So pilot the mech out of there. Wilson Scrap loses nothing by getting you to pilot the mech, since Kowalski Wayne isn't interested in it.
>>
No. 1081071 ID: eb0a9c

How about we just salvage it? Break it into pieces, destroy anything with a low cost/weight ratio, carry one large piece each, and then sell/distribute fairly when we get back?
>>
No. 1081295 ID: ed041d
File 170559037548.png - (76.83KB , 294x476 , Mech92.png )
1081295

>>1081064
You bring up carrying it with the heaviest mech.

:LionMechIcon: That would mean Tien's Frontline. The tank build is useful for heavy lifting.

:HawkMechIcon: Hey! I'm not being escorted!

:LionMechIcon: Might not have a choice there.

>>1081068
You ping Lupin to get back here ASAP. It'll still take some time.

>>1081070
You offer to pilot the mech, pointing out that KW has no major stake in this and this is an ITA approved mission. Tien's objection to you is irrelevant all together.

:HawkMechIcon: Why you...

:LionMechIcon: Easy there. Good to hear you're open to the idea.

>>1081071
You also bring up as a last resort to just breaking it apart and salvaging the pieces.

:HawkMechIcon: Let's at least see what it is first.

You enter the secure car and see the new Mech. It is sleek, with smooth lines, you can't even detect any actual hydraulics or servos, not even muscle webbing. However this thing moves, is truly alien.

This really is a mech made of alien technology, what will you do with it?
>>
No. 1081296 ID: b3eab7

>>1081295
I think that rules out trying to pilot it as of now. So you ask Tien again, and if Tien won't carry it, entrust it to Leon whose mech is second-heaviest.
>>
No. 1081303 ID: 8f9bc4

Is it even clear where the pilot compartment is? You really don't want to have to evade pursuit while carrying a whole mech. Might be no other choice though.
>>
No. 1081341 ID: 5ebd37

Would this setup work? Leo carries the mech by the arms, leaving his shoulder launchers clear to fire. The mech's legs are draped over Tien's shoulders, leaving his arms free for combat.
Maybe Lupin can take Leo's spot when he catches up. Anyway, we don't have much time to figure out how to open or pilot this thing, we should get out while we can.
>>
No. 1081438 ID: ed041d
File 170576453097.png - (23.90KB , 322x161 , Mech93.png )
1081438

>>1081341
Clearly the best choice at the moment. Tien and Leo start getting themselves together.

You receive an encrypted communication.

:HandlerIcon: 637 come in.

Hannibal? What does he want?
>>
No. 1081439 ID: ed041d
File 170576457591.png - (64.02KB , 554x239 , Mech94.png )
1081439

:HandlerIcon: The Monarchy took notice that their supply train came to a grinding halt. They're sending in a heavy attack chopper your way.

Well, that'll complicate things.
>>
No. 1081441 ID: 5ebd37

Any ETA on that?
We'll just have to take it as it comes. If the terrain allows and the pilot is inattentive you may be able to boost up and beam saber it.
For now lets abscond with the prize.
>>
No. 1081464 ID: eb0a9c

Leave them a present. Wire up a communicator inside the train, then have it loop your most sexy injured damsel recording. Along with some grenades.

If that thing is manned by horny scumbags, they'll open it up.
>>
No. 1081600 ID: ed041d
File 170593293932.png - (18.77KB , 479x300 , Mech95.png )
1081600

:HandlerIcon: It'll be there soon 637. Best prepare for a fight, this is a large one.

Compared to your mech, yeah the heavy attack chopper is quite frankly absurd. You have only a few minutes before it arrives, how will you prepare?
>>
No. 1081617 ID: eb0a9c

Find elevated ground and unload like no tomorrow to taunt, then evade until your team can shoot them down.
>>
No. 1081650 ID: 5ebd37

Oh. Oh that's big. We need to avoid a drag-out fight with that thing.
You and Lupin have the fastest mechs, could you lead it away from the train? Is there any high terrain nearby, like cliffs or a canyon? Anywhere you could get it to chase one of you that has an opportunity for the other to drop onto it. Meanwhile the heavies could sneak off with the mech.
>>
No. 1081752 ID: ed041d
File 170611135956.png - (31.63KB , 189x417 , Mech96.png )
1081752

>>1081617
>>1081650

You contact Lupin to get his ass back here, while directing Leo and Tien to get moving out with the Mech.

:LionMechIcon: Roger that Fox, we'll get moving. If we can get whole salvage it'll be extra.

:HawkMechIcon: Why are we listening to-

:LionMechIcon: Shut it Tien! MOVE!

All that's left is for Lupin to return.

:WolfMechIcon: I am engaging in a rapid boost, I will be back shortly. ETA 2 minutes, hold out until then.

Not impossible, you see the Chopper rolling in... it's still a good distance away. You have choices, options...

:GenericPilot3: Attention corporate Dogs! Cease your actions and submit, and we will be merciful. Resist, and we shall render the landscape into naught but mud and scrap!

Plenty of options, you can handle this.

What is your first move?
>>
No. 1081765 ID: eb0a9c

Flash the pilot
>>
No. 1081805 ID: 5ebd37

Radio back, keep their attention on you while the others sneak away. Time to break out your choicest Royalist insults.
>>
No. 1081814 ID: 8f9bc4

Yeah the goal is to make yourself look a little unhinged, so they won't suspect you're leading them away on purpose. So insult away! Royalists will rue this day, viva eretris mandi! (You don't actually speak Latin but w/ev)
>>
No. 1081895 ID: ed041d
File 170628210237.png - (32.46KB , 655x366 , Mech97.png )
1081895

:PilotIconF: Royalists will rue this day, viva eretris mandi!

:GenericPilot3: You will pay for that, scoundrel!

Good, you've gotten their attention. Your systems are detecting weapons locked, Leo and Tien are getting away as we speaking.

Bad news, weapons are locked and pointed right at you.
>>
No. 1081899 ID: 8f9bc4

Shit, maybe you are a little unhinged. Is there any cover nearby?
>>
No. 1081905 ID: eb0a9c

Bend over while subtly moving away from the helicopter and beg him to plow you in the ass.
Run to cover the moment he opens fire, do not attack until you're ready and he's reloading.
>>
No. 1081943 ID: 5ebd37

I don't suppose you can hotwire the turret next to you?
Otherwise, I hope your boost is enough to dodge the first salvo.
>>
No. 1082119 ID: d1a1f5

It's weak point should be its propeller and lack of close range options. Dodge and close distance.
>>
No. 1082123 ID: ed041d
File 170662683569.png - (30.97KB , 340x210 , Mech98.png )
1082123

You boost out of the way as it fires missiles, decimating the train car you were on top of. Considering the yield, this is going to be tougher than expected.
>>
No. 1082124 ID: ed041d
File 170662687770.png - (21.51KB , 186x271 , Mech99.png )
1082124

Boosting up close to use your beam saber would be a good idea, the problem is getting that close, these helicopters are typically tag teamed for a reason. You're on your own.

How are you going to close the gap?
>>
No. 1082128 ID: 5ebd37

Hold out until Lupin can get to you, when the chopper has two targets is when you'll find your opening.
>>
No. 1082244 ID: 8f9bc4

Shoot the rotors.

(Why do helicopters exist again?)
>>
No. 1082282 ID: 92e871

Wait for the chopper to fire another missle then shoot it. The blast shoud swat it out of the sky.
>>
No. 1082307 ID: ed041d
File 170688429531.png - (65.85KB , 818x451 , Mech100.png )
1082307

>>1082128
>>1082282
You opt to hold the line until Lupin arrives, then you can really do some damage. Your augmented systems allow you to target the missiles and shoot them down, thankfully, though you may need to invest in some point defense at some point.

>>1082244
The rotors are a bit too far and fast for your weapons to target, as you are being pushed here. And Helicopters exist because simply put, they are one of the few vehicles that can sustain a hover for long periods of time, as opposed to your own systems limited hover.

:GenericPilot3: Insolent cur! Take your death like a champion and submit to the power of the Monarchy!

Any responses?
>>
No. 1082310 ID: 124485

>>1082307
Shoot at the missile launchers on the sides of the helicopter. If you're lucky, you might blow up one of the missiles while it’s still in there, which will damage the helicopter.
>>
No. 1082312 ID: 6e53a8
 

Obvious answer here.
>>
No. 1082327 ID: eb0a9c

"Would you submit your ass to the monarch? Would you submit your child to his 'royal scepter' for more than a spanking?! I will make that fat @#$% pay for what he did to us!"
>>
No. 1082354 ID: 5ebd37

>>1082312
this, and fire at the cockpit just to be annoying.
>>
No. 1082521 ID: ed041d
File 170709867659.png - (29.74KB , 257x183 , Mech101.png )
1082521

>>1082310
You lock onto the right pod with your missile launcher, and open fire.

>>1082312
:PilotIconF: Nah.
>>
No. 1082524 ID: ed041d
File 170709875377.png - (36.29KB , 334x199 , Mech102.png )
1082524

The Helicopter's right pod is blown right off, damage taken! It's still flying however.

:WolfMechIcon: Good work, I'm practically there.

Any responses to your ally?
>>
No. 1082537 ID: c572e3

>>1082524
let em know things are fine as it could be, more importantly, wonder if there's a bonus for taking down large weapons like this.
>>
No. 1082631 ID: 5ebd37

"I'll circle around so the copter is facing away when you arrive."
>>
No. 1082753 ID: ed041d
File 170732292019.png - (144.14KB , 1071x984 , Mech103.png )
1082753

>>1082631
:PilotIconF: "I'll circle around so the copter is facing away when you arrive."

:WolfMechIcon: I am here.

Bursting out of the remains of the train flies Dancer. Lupin is here, the Helicopter begins to back away as you slide to a stop.

Lupin has joined as your ally.

What is your first action?
>>
No. 1082757 ID: 3e7b21

Put it on the defensive. Fire some attention-grabbing missile(s) so the copter focuses on shooting that down (don't remain in the same alignment as the missile(s)).
>>
No. 1082778 ID: 5ebd37

Keep circling so the two of you are on opposite sides of the chopper. Gotta get that flanking bonus.
>>
No. 1082779 ID: eb0a9c

"Surrender, little king. It's over."
>>
No. 1082937 ID: ed041d
File 170749330086.png - (62.76KB , 688x396 , Mech104.png )
1082937

>>1082757
>>1082778
You fire missiles and begin to circle around, Lupin circling around the other way, his mech is close range so you'll need to keep the Helicopter distracted.

>>1082779
:PilotIconF: "Surrender, little king. It's over."

:GenericPilot3: Insolent cur!

What's your next action?
>>
No. 1082939 ID: eb0a9c

Do nothing.
No, seriously. Confuse him, or wait for him to concentrate on Lupin.

Take a breath, have your mech perform any prep rounds. Dodge if he does concentrate on you.
>>
No. 1082944 ID: 8f9bc4

I die for the holy order of Saint Jerboa! Your puppet rulers will rue the day they blasphemed on the holy consecration! The Balphesian massacre will not be forgotten!

(Is Lupin there yet?)
>>
No. 1082988 ID: 5ebd37

Your best bet is a surprise boost to slice of its tail rotor. Keep circling and if the pilot targets Lupin you'll have your opening.
>>
No. 1083222 ID: ed041d
File 170775212176.png - (24.52KB , 329x245 , Mech105.png )
1083222

>>1082939
>>1082988

You relay the plan to Lupin and open fire, hoping to distract the Helicopter.
>>
No. 1083223 ID: ed041d
File 170775215281.png - (16.64KB , 266x208 , Mech106.png )
1083223

Lupin responds in short order, boosting at max speed and slicing the tail rotor right off.

Anything left you want to do, or watch the thing crash?
>>
No. 1083225 ID: b3eab7

Being cocky no longer serves a purpose, so don't, and don't wait either. Just leg it, and keep an eye on your surroundings (chopper included).
>>
No. 1083226 ID: 8f9bc4

Cool girls don't look at explosions.
>>
No. 1083233 ID: 69ab37

>>1083226
Yeah, get while the gettings good
>>
No. 1083368 ID: ed041d
File 170792251604.png - (28.44KB , 430x169 , Mech107.png )
1083368

You opt to bug out with Lupin and meet back up with your allies.
>>
No. 1083369 ID: ed041d
File 170792268604.png - (49.92KB , 360x357 , Mech108.png )
1083369

You meet back with Tien and Leo at last.

:HawkMechIcon: Can't believe this KW pilot pulled it off.

:LionMechIcon: Kowalski Wayne relies on quality over quantity. They've been the best interstellar traders around for a reason.

:WolfMechIcon: Fox kept focused on the helicopter and kept it distracted.

:LionMechIcon: Excellent work there Fox!

:HawkMechIcon: Tch. Lucky.

Want to respond in any way to anything said? Or do you want to focus on completing the job?
>>
No. 1083372 ID: 4d3f1a

It's not luck to rely on competent allies.
>>
No. 1083378 ID: 8f9bc4

Important thing is, how is the package? They got the mech alright?
>>
No. 1083464 ID: ed041d
File 170809355865.png - (20.18KB , 370x154 , Mech109.png )
1083464

>>1083372
:PilotIconF: It's not lucky to rely on competent allies.
:WolfMechIcon: Thank you.
:HawkMechIcon: Tch

>>1083378
:LionMechIcon: It's in tact and ready to be picked up. With that out of the way, I believe the mission is over.
:WolfMechIcon: Fox is useful, perhaps Wilson Scrap should work with Kowalski Wayne more often.
:LionMechIcon: It'd be good to start partnering and forming alliances, the ITA's only concern is handling an uprising. Our corporate overlords are going to start looking for any potential profits they can gleam from this planet soon enough. What do you think Fox? Your opinion, not your handler or your company's opinion, do you think you could work with the Junk division again?
>>
No. 1083466 ID: 8f9bc4

You were a little worried to go into an operation without having seen any of them in action, but they did good work, knew what they were doing, and you sure wouldn't mind running into them again.
>>
No. 1083477 ID: b3eab7

>>1083466
Yeah, this is pretty much it.
>>
No. 1083494 ID: 5ebd37

>>1083466
couldn't say it better myself
>>
No. 1083585 ID: ed041d
File 170828030602.png - (11.23KB , 116x133 , Mech110.png )
1083585

>>1083466
You inform them they were an unknown but they have proven themselves useful and capable. You'd have no issue working with them in the future.

:LionMechIcon: That's good. Wilson Scrap will extend a olive branch to Kowalski Wayne Mercantile at some point.

:HawkMechIcon: Not really your call to make there Leo.

:LionMechIcon: I'll at least recommend it, alliances are going to be important.

:HawkMechIcon: The newbie hasn't even been on this planet that long, I bet they don't even know the full extent of all the corporations involved!

:LionMechIcon: Easy enough to handle, just gotta get their info from their Handler or any public terms. For now, mission complete.

Anything left you want to say or are you ready to call Hannibal?
>>
No. 1083613 ID: 5ebd37

We'll be eagerly awaiting the juicy details on that mech. Time to head home.
>>
No. 1083721 ID: c572e3

I think that now that we've established ourselves a little, maybe inquire about a quick rundown of all the various factions/corps/militaries we'll be dealing with in some form or another.
>>
No. 1083799 ID: ed041d
File 170844222072.png - (13.25KB , 175x186 , Mech111.png )
1083799

The mission is over, you decide to radio in to your handler.

:HandlerIcon: Good to hear from you 637, the mission was a success I see. Pack it up and bring it home, we have a bit of time but this has had a few more ripples. The Old Man might want to talk to you about this.

The Old Man, well that's ominous.
>>
No. 1083800 ID: ed041d
File 170844233077.png - (59.54KB , 477x345 , Mech38.png )
1083800

You return to the ITA Campus, your mech is in tact and requires no repairs, effective use today remaining undamaged. You have some time to kill, you can look at getting another job, inquire a bit about some information, spend some time training.

What do you want to do?
>>
No. 1083818 ID: 5ebd37

Check out the rumor mill at the bar, see if anyone's talking about companies allying.
>>
No. 1084090 ID: ed041d
File 170861346693.png - (58.86KB , 663x266 , Mech112.png )
1084090

You return to the bar, there's a bit more activity at the moment, this just means you have more opportunities.

There seems to be a Mech Veteran sat down, judging by the amount of cybernetics he has going on. There are two other pilots at a standing table idly talking. The Bartender is eying you. And interestingly, a simian in a suit at another table with a bottle of a heavy whiskey.

Who will you talk to first?
>>
No. 1084123 ID: 8f9bc4

Oh no we've driven the boss to drink.
>>
No. 1084210 ID: 5ebd37

barkeep's a good place to start.
>>
No. 1084414 ID: ed041d
File 170879521629.png - (18.00KB , 228x153 , Mech113.png )
1084414

You return to the bar and decide to talk to the Bartender directly.

:BartenderMech: Hey, saw you got a big job done today. Pleased with yourself? Need something? Want Something?

What do you ask for?
>>
No. 1084431 ID: 5ebd37

Who's the suit? You getting VIPs in here now?
>>
No. 1084462 ID: eb0a9c

"Work went well. But how brainwashed are the royalists? I managed to utterly crush one by simply threatening to ass-rape the princess when I got my hands on her (as if that will ever happen), and he just mindlessly charged without using any of his guns until I cherry-tapped him to death."
>>
No. 1084489 ID: c572e3

>>1084414
Ask about this royalist faction/monarchy, seeing as this is the first time we've dealt with them.
>>
No. 1084700 ID: ed041d
File 170897767986.png - (22.85KB , 179x221 , Mech114.png )
1084700

>>1084431
:BartenderMech: Oh, that's an ITA bean counter, apparently his name is Seamus, and his job is to keep track of the Corporate Interests here. ITA may be largely free of Corporate influence but it still takes corporate taxes. And the suits are allowed here, Union-U serves

>>1084489
:BartenderMech: Ah the Dunarians. The original colonists of this planet a few centuries ago, they settled this world and got started on Terraforming. It didn't take and things went to shit, they've been trying by the gods they've been trying but it never worked.

:BartenderMech: But about 50 years ago they found a cache of alien technology buried deep beneath the surface, and have been unearthing every single piece they can get their hands on. Even outright declared war and said they'd conquer the stars in revenge.

:BartenderMech: So the ITA steps in and starts this whole damn war that we're going in. As soon as word of the Alien Tech got out, naturally your corporate overlords wanted a piece of the pie. As for what they're like, well it was a mess but this Monarchy got started about a hundred years ago and... people changed. You know how if you ask 15 people a different question you'll get maybe 3 opinions on something? Here if you ask 100 people different questions on something you'll only ever get one opinion. There are rumors and conspiracy theories about it.

You question how old the Bartender is.

:BartenderMech: I've got access to good medical tech, the prosthetic hand is just because I got a fondness for old stuff. Like people who still wear glasses despite being able to easily correct that.
>>
No. 1084729 ID: eb0a9c

>>1084700
This just screams 'alien tech brainwashing'. You're worried about that falling into the corporations' hands; they wouldn't be able to resist using it on each other until the whole corporate sector brainwashes itself into believing its purpose is to torture babies.
>>
No. 1084731 ID: 5ebd37

That's a nice hand prosthesis, ask where he got it and if they do tails too.
>>
No. 1084810 ID: ed041d
File 170913021371.png - (30.60KB , 226x189 , Mech115.png )
1084810

>>1084729
You point out the potential for brainwashing.

:BartenderMech: Wouldn't be anything new, so many corporate entities have been trying to get their hands on it.

>>1084731
:BartenderMech: This old thing? It's a 5th generation armstrong model, really old stuff.

You can tell, that model went out of date 70 years ago.

:BartenderMech: I do think they do tail models, there might be an outfitter somewhere nearby. Want a replacement tail huh? You'd probably want a Kit-19, then again judging by the work you have, maybe you'd want a Kiroshi or something just to see in stereo once more.
>>
No. 1084811 ID: eb0a9c

>>1084810
You've been looking into getting a 'virtual' tail, a hologram mixed with a USB port so you can jack yourself into your mech's targeting systems with your butt.
>>
No. 1084865 ID: 5ebd37

A new eye would be nice. Chat about the available models, and what about that veteran over there? He's got some pretty fancy eye tech, but it looks a bit too flashy.
>>
No. 1084967 ID: ed041d
File 170930227945.png - (27.08KB , 261x208 , Mech116.png )
1084967

>>1084865
:BartenderMech: Oh that's Jax. He's some big shot veteran pilot with Royale Armories. Part of their Steel Commandos unit, he's... mostly replacement parts at this point. If you wanna talk cybernetic parts, nobody more knowledgeable than somebody probably about 80 percent replacement parts.

You'll remember that. Anything else you want to ask, or do you want to focus on finding someone to talk to about the companies on the planet?
>>
No. 1085050 ID: c572e3

>>1084967
Might as well learn a bit about the relevant corpo groups, yes
>>
No. 1085052 ID: 5ebd37

We should try Seamus, seems like he's in the know.
>>
No. 1085292 ID: ed041d
File 170951410958.png - (16.75KB , 161x134 , Mech117.png )
1085292

You approach Seamus at his table.

:SeamusIcon: Hello, how can I help you?

How do you wanna phrase this?
>>
No. 1085344 ID: 5ebd37

"You looked as though you could use some company. I'm just off a intense mission, and need some pleasant conversation to wind down."
>>
No. 1085491 ID: ed041d
File 170965179544.png - (39.29KB , 397x192 , Mech118.png )
1085491

>>1085344
"You looked as though you could use some company. I'm just off a intense mission, and need some pleasant conversation to wind down."

:SeamusIcon: Enh, company is the last thing I need. Keeping track of all the- wait...

:SeamusIcon: You're with Kowalski-Wayne! Your uniform practically says it!

Oh. Well then.

:SeamusIcon: Hot damn, how did you get sent to this shithole of a planet??
>>
No. 1085493 ID: 8f9bc4

Heck if you know!
>>
No. 1085498 ID: 5ebd37

Money. Shithole it may be, but there's something at the bottom that's drawing the vultures in.
Has he seen the sort of tech thats getting unearthed here? Whichever corp gets their hands on a nice piece first is going to be courting a lot of potential suitors for an alliance.
>>
No. 1085683 ID: ed041d
File 170982298331.png - (22.71KB , 191x182 , Mech119.png )
1085683

>>1085493
>>1085498
Heck if you know, but money is your best guess, you're indentured to KW after all. The technology from this planet is gonna fuel so many industries, KW wants to stake their claim while they can.

:SeamusIcon: Figures, everyone is here for money. Corporate interests always end up interfering with ITA business.

Speaking of...

:SeamusIcon: Hm? Something up?

How do you want to phrase learning about the companies?
>>
No. 1085690 ID: 8f9bc4

>>1085683

You could tell him that at least Kowalski-Wayne is a good honest corporation that always supports the IPA. You're sure you never give him any trouble at all.

Hopefully that gives him a chance to vent about it, letting you learn more about the company you uh... have no memories of joining.
>>
No. 1085704 ID: 8f9bc4

>>1085690

Or or better idea. Remark on how coming here, you were immediately deployed to assist IPA forces under attack. Like, your landing pod fired as soon as your freighter exited drop. You don't know exactly why, but you're pretty sure that means KW and the IPA are on the same page, if the IPA isn't outright employing them (employing you). He might like that reassurance, seems like troublesome corporate involvement in this is heavy on his mind.
>>
No. 1085892 ID: ed041d
File 170999459411.png - (18.45KB , 230x238 , Mech120.png )
1085892

You bring up you don't remember much, just that you work for Kowalski Wayne Mercantile. You were just brought in via drop and fired at the planet.

:SeamusIcon: Oh, one of the KW Indentured huh? Rough deal. Guess you don't know much about the companies then.

:SeamusIcon: Kowalski Wayne is one of if not the biggest interstellar trading and freight company across colonized space. You want something delivered in a good time frame as well as in the best condition possible? You go for them, the costs are just intense especially the further out on the rim you are. So you'd probably be in their "Courier" division of Mech Pilots, delivering results.

:SeamusIcon: See all the major companies have their own little names for their "private security" departments. The Couriers of KW are one such example, which means you're probably an Indentured because you got hit with some high quality augments to enhance your mech piloting. Good news is there's an out, and your Handler knows it, bad news is that it's pretty damn high and if you've been sent to this shithole of a planet then they're probably expecting you to either pay it off here successfully or die.

:SeamusIcon: The ITA puts up with KW's antics because they have the fastest trade routes, so congrats you've got some leeway.

Well that covers your company, anything else you want to know about?
>>
No. 1085917 ID: 5ebd37

Mention that you've heard that Wilson Scrap and KW are getting closer, maybe soon allying. Maybe he's heard if other companies are doing the same?
>>
No. 1086152 ID: ed041d
File 171017082842.png - (16.35KB , 224x188 , Mech121.png )
1086152

>>1085917

:SeamusIcon: Haven't heard anything like that, for one thing conglomerate interests aren't exactly "approved" by the ITA. If corporations are allying they're keeping that part quiet.

:SeamusIcon: As for Wilson Scrap itself, One of the oldest companies out there. If there's a major conflict with a lot of leftovers, they're the scavengers picking the pieces, garbageman of the Galaxy, but they more than cover any costs and have made a lucrative business out of it.

:SeamusIcon: The Junk Division is their own security force, made up of the okayest soldiers and pilots bought en masse. Wilson Scrap subscribes to quantity over quality, after all, quantity is a quality all its own. Get enough decent troops together and they can even take on the best of the best, losses will be incurred but it's more than paid for.

:SeamusIcon: If you've heard that somehow Kowalski Wayne and Wilson Scrap are budying up then I question the painkiller feed in your suit. Jeremiah Wilson the 15th, current CEO to this corporate entity isn't a big fan of "Allies", though the board may say otherwise.
>>
No. 1086171 ID: 5ebd37

Interesting, could there be dissension in the ranks? A power struggle?
>>
No. 1086338 ID: ed041d
File 171035891184.png - (15.35KB , 568x328 , Mech122.png )
1086338

:SeamusIcon: There might be a power struggle. While the Shareholders and the CEO are technically in charge, the internal board itself makes all the decisions, and they might have gotten tired of having hereditary decision making ongoing. Especially since their decisions affect other things going on within Wilson Scrap.
>>
No. 1086340 ID: 8f9bc4

>>1086338

Your experience was with Junk Division, so they probably don't get a lot of orders from on high way down there at the bottom. Anyway, you're sorry to bother the dude. Didn't realize he was busy. Best to get on with uh... stuff.
>>
No. 1086471 ID: ed041d
File 171050764985.png - (13.85KB , 786x198 , Mech123.png )
1086471

>>1086340
:SeamusIcon: Junk Division huh? There are a few names under that firm. Most notable are the Recyclers, Composters, Garbagemen, and Debris Collectors. The names are of course all euphemism speak since corporate entities can never just be straightforward with what they're up to.

:SeamusIcon: Best I can tell if you're a Mech Pilot, you probably met a team of Recyclers. I heard they actually got a really solid melee pilot recently, can you confirm if that's true?

:SeamusIcon: Oh and the others. Composters are their marines, get enough warm bodies and eventually your foe will be mulch. The Garbagemen are their assassination division, they think we don't know about that but we do. We've had to "Clean up" a few here and there. The Debris Collectors are their pilots for atmospheric craft and orbital craft.

He's a veritable well of knowledge.

:SeamusIcon: Listen, judging by those augs you've got strapped to the back of your head, your brain probably isn't quite right. Buy me another drink and I'll say everything I can about all the major corporate interests on this planet. We've got about 13 major companies involved with about maybe 5 actually providing "support" for the ITA.
>>
No. 1086478 ID: dd3fe0

Absolutely buy him another drink and don't skimp on it! Hell, buy him another two drinks and ask for any advice that someone in your position should know that you don't know to ask about.
>>
No. 1086503 ID: 5ebd37

You can tell him about Lupin's awesome melee skills, although best not to name him or give away any details on his mech build.
>>
No. 1086600 ID: ed041d
File 171070304782.png - (22.97KB , 182x192 , Mech124.png )
1086600

You mention that you saw a melee pilot, and they were quite effective in close quarters.

:SeamusIcon: Figures, KW pilots like you are supposed to be all rounders but Wilson makes sure the pilots can fill needed niches.

You also buy another bottle of fine bourbon to get Seamus talking.

:SeamusIcon: Sweet libation, I'm good for a bit longer, got a drinking implant so I can stay sober longer. We got some time, what do you want to know?
>>
No. 1086627 ID: 5ebd37

Are there any corps that consider KW an enemy?
>>
No. 1086675 ID: 8f9bc4

Got any family? Kids? What's his motivation for working here? You doubt it's the joy of keeping track of all the corps fighting over this place.
>>
No. 1086768 ID: ed041d
File 171085908683.png - (26.13KB , 708x339 , Mech125.png )
1086768

>>1086627
:SeamusIcon: In big companies that'd be Oroborus Heavy Industries. They're one of the biggest mech producers and they don't really Kowalski Wayne due to some... old grudges. Mostly over trade routes and some shady shit they did. Listen no corp is innocent but if you're doing something that makes the others go "no" in response? What are you doing? We still don't know.

:SeamusIcon: Smaller companies include Cain Electronics, they're more just pissy about the cost to use KW's trade routes. Small name big ego kind of deal, they believe they're worth more than they're actually worth. They haven't tried anything yet but keep an eye out.

>>1086675
:SeamusIcon: Would you believe that it's because I volunteered for it? Yeah it's a headache but... I kind of want to be out here, at the moment this shit goes down. I'm good at my job and I take pride in it. Somebody has to, and if Clark 4 is the biggest battlezone at the moment, if it wasn't me here it'd be somebody else.

:SeamusIcon: Anything else you want to know?
>>
No. 1086770 ID: 8f9bc4

>>1086768

That's admirable, to say the least. You'll have to remember this guy. Seamus, huh.

There has to be a reason this planet is the biggest battleground these days. The alien technology would be a big reason, but Seamus would probably be pretty closed lipped about it.

Tell him you only know to go where your handler points you; you're rarely given much information about what you're getting into. Is there anything you should be watching out for? What is everyone fighting over, and could running into it blind end up with your mech compressed into a 1 meter recyclable metal cube?
>>
No. 1086776 ID: 5ebd37

I think thats all. Make a little small talk and lets move on. Is it time for the next mission yet?
>>
No. 1086865 ID: ed041d
File 171102785004.png - (59.54KB , 477x345 , Mech38.png )
1086865

>>1086770
:SeamusIcon: Who is your handler anyways?

:PilotIconF: Hannibal.

:SeamusIcon: Damn, got him huh? Well I won't keep any more of your time, just know that he's a bit of a troublemaker among the corporate structure, he's got big goals.

>>1086776
You step back outside of the bar, today was a big mission, you could hit the barracks if you want to clear the board and get some new jobs. Or is there anything else you want to do?
>>
No. 1086871 ID: 8f9bc4

Hit the barracks it's time to take a well earned rest.
>>
No. 1086884 ID: 5ebd37

a troublemaker, eh? When he rebuffed our attempt to hang out, was he trying to protect us? Or was he trying to keep us from finding out what he's up to.

Anyway, time to rest.
>>
No. 1086953 ID: ed041d
File 171120449489.png - (11.03KB , 156x105 , Mech72.png )
1086953

You hit the barracks and rest for the day.
>>
No. 1086955 ID: ed041d
File 171120506353.png - (19.61KB , 800x182 , Mech126.png )
1086955

It's a new day, and you hit the Job Board.

:HandlerIcon: Good to see you're awake 637. No word yet on the new Mech Parts, but they'll be in reserve soon enough. Wilson Scrap is still testing them under observation of the ITA. Until then, let's get some jobs done. We can get two done today, so pick your first one.

Assassination - Red Mask
The ITA isn't the only one with Mercenary support, the Monarchy is paying off some top quality mercenaries with access to the Alien Technology they recover. The Red Mask is a nameless mercenary who may or may not be a legacy line of sorts.

Destruction - New Superweapon
Reports of a testing site for a new superweapon have been found, your job will be to enter in and destroy it. Simple, straightforward, worth the time.

Escort ITA Diplomats
There are points on this planet not totally under the control of the Monarchy, our job will be cover support for a convoy of ITA Diplomats attempting to reach to some of the smaller governmental bodies not yet under control.

Test New Weapons
No explanation needed, you're being handed experimental arms and then dropped into an active combat zone for field data.

:HandlerIcon: Up to you which one you pick 637.
>>
No. 1086961 ID: b3eab7

Strategically speaking, I'd say either the escort job or the superweapon destruction are most interesting. Now which one would play most to our strengths?
>>
No. 1086971 ID: 5ebd37

destruction and escort sound like they play to our strengths.
>>
No. 1087116 ID: ed041d
File 171140030824.png - (4.57KB , 607x88 , Mech127.png )
1087116

>>1086961
>>1086971

:HandlerIcon: Sounds good 637, we'll single those jobs out for today, which one will you do first? the ITA diplomats are on a loose schedule but do need to get done today. The Superweapon we don't have any further information on, we may be lucky and be able to get a head start or face the thing partially done. All up to you, choose wisely.
>>
No. 1087128 ID: b3eab7

Superweapon first, don't want a nasty surprise during the escort.
>>
No. 1087134 ID: eb0a9c

Abstain. Let's get going.
>>
No. 1087149 ID: 5ebd37

Superweapon, best to nip that in the bud.
>>
No. 1087173 ID: c572e3

>>1087116
see if there's any new weapons or equipment to mess around with before we head out, might be something fun to use...
>>
No. 1087187 ID: 8f9bc4

>>1087128

That would admittedly be an absolutely legendary failure.

"Why thank you miss mercenary! It looks like we've arrived at our destination safe and sound!"

BOOOOOOOOM
>>
No. 1087244 ID: ed041d
File 171154752591.png - (2.61KB , 607x42 , Mech128.png )
1087244

You lock in the Superweapon job.
>>
No. 1087245 ID: ed041d
File 171154774827.png - (54.75KB , 829x455 , Mech Build Blank.png )
1087245

Now it is time to assemble your parts for this mission. How are you going to assemble this machine?

Your current Parts are
- August
- Ryu
- [UNAVAILABLE] DUNARIS MECH

Current Weapons are
- Machine Gun
- Rail Rifle
- Shotgun
- Kinetic Shield
- Shoulder Grenade
- Shoulder Missile

Your Expansion Packs are
- Booster

What will you put together?
>>
No. 1087285 ID: 5ebd37

Something built for speed, but ready to demolish when we reach the weapon.
Booster, shotgun, machine gun, shoulder missiles
This seems like a run and gun mission
>>
No. 1087288 ID: 8f9bc4

Hey waitasec weren't you gonna get access to a new DUNARIS MECH? I think you may have gotten snookered...
>>
No. 1087382 ID: ed041d
File 171172314395.png - (57.45KB , 829x455 , Mech129.png )
1087382

>>1087285
You set this loadout, your basic August Mech has good speed for its build.

>>1087288
As stated here
>>1086955
The parts are still being tested and thus aren't available yet. The design was very alien after all, you didn't even know where the cockpit was, it has only been a day since you grabbed it.
>>
No. 1087383 ID: ed041d
File 171172330270.png - (42.67KB , 383x236 , Mech130.png )
1087383

> Drop Complete

You are put on the outskirts of the mission zone, and you begin racing off to the center.

:HandlerIcon: 6-7. -rea i- -oat-- -n jammers. Communica---- wil- b- -ifficult. ----- on ---- own. -ood -uck.

That's gonna be a problem, do you want to send a quick burst back to Hannibal?
>>
No. 1087388 ID: 8f9bc4

>>1087382

Alright, but you got an eagle eye on those guys... better not be any funny business!

>>1087383

Yell to him "Oatmeal is sticky when wet!" It'll come through garbled, and he'll be hella puzzled what you just said. But seriously, communication jamming is worrying. What's your surroundings look like?
>>
No. 1087394 ID: b3eab7

Simply respond "Acknowledged", that should be enough.

Being on your own means you need to keep an extra eye on your surroundings.
>>
No. 1087432 ID: 5ebd37

"roger"
hopefully this will prevent the enemy from raising the alarm as easily.
>>
No. 1087575 ID: ed041d
File 171193302310.png - (19.26KB , 387x270 , Mech131.png )
1087575

>>1087394
>>1087432
:PilotIconF: Roger.

You approach a large compound, helicopters above, whatever is in there has to be the superweapon in there. How are you going to get in, do you want to try a loud approach or a sneaky approach?
>>
No. 1087578 ID: 5ebd37

As a lone assailant, your best bet is to maintain stealth as long as possible.
... did they ever tell us what the superweapon looks like?
>>
No. 1087592 ID: 8f9bc4

Considering one of those helicopters was almost enough for three of you, I thiiiiiink sneaky might be best. Can you plot an estimate of the helicopters' projected routes, so you can stay out of line of sight? What's down inside the canyone outside of the complex?
>>
No. 1087787 ID: ed041d
File 171206728557.png - (37.80KB , 485x429 , Mech132.png )
1087787

>>1087578
Only the location of the compound, which you are entering slowly. Your job is to essentially find out what this superweapon is.

>>1087592
They don't seem to be the giant copters, but still, detection would be ill advised if you're taking things quietly.

You dart into the canyon itself, the wall of the compound is relatively unprotected at the moment, though there is a singular entrance. There might be more around, do you wish to look around or take the door?
>>
No. 1087792 ID: 8f9bc4

Look around, always.
>>
No. 1087794 ID: 5ebd37

Look for any utility entrances.
>>
No. 1087929 ID: ed041d
File 171223647909.png - (47.98KB , 705x542 , Mech133.png )
1087929

>>1087792
>>1087794
You look up at the wall and spot a few things, an open section far up the wall, an access door, two box walkers overlooking the area, and what looks to be pipes stretching off into the canyon. You seem to have options.

What will you take? What may be the most advantageous?
>>
No. 1087930 ID: 98952d

Pipes might lead right to the heart of the facility. That's probably our best bet
>>
No. 1087932 ID: b3eab7

Pipes are the only way in that still has a chance of staying stealthy. Let's just hope they're not full.
>>
No. 1088076 ID: ed041d
File 171240586591.png - (22.37KB , 331x203 , Mech134.png )
1088076

>>1087930
>>1087932

You opt to take the pipe, finding a entrance hatch on the top.
>>
No. 1088077 ID: ed041d
File 171240596676.png - (15.24KB , 359x169 , Mech135.png )
1088077

You follow the pipe flow, moving against rough crude byproduct of some industrial process. Something is being manufactured in here.
>>
No. 1088078 ID: ed041d
File 171240603825.png - (50.71KB , 624x366 , Mech136.png )
1088078

You reach a pit where the byproduct is collected, you can wait here for awhile as there are some Walkers outside, do you want to wait or do you wish to do something else?
>>
No. 1088079 ID: 5ebd37

Observe for a minute. What are your exits for this room?
>>
No. 1088084 ID: 8f9bc4

Any sign of the superweapon? Can you see where materials are being transported?
>>
No. 1088381 ID: ed041d
File 171268025732.png - (41.61KB , 619x432 , Mech137.png )
1088381

You peak your optics out to observe, seems to be a conveyor system of sorts outside, the factory is inactive at the moment and the walkers don't sound like they've moved.

From what can you tell they are unarmed.

What shall you do?
>>
No. 1088383 ID: 8f9bc4

This... doesn't look like an assembly plant for a superweapon. Maybe it's for super weapon-s, like a new kind of gun to strap onto a mech? I suppose you could just block the waste pipe somehow and hope that causes a huge meltdown but... you need to follow the conveyors to find more about the manufacturing process if you want to disable this thing. How are you going to get past the walkers though? And where are all the armed security, if this is such a highly protected superweapon project?
>>
No. 1088406 ID: b3eab7

Is this door mech-sized? If so, walk there like you belong here.
>>
No. 1088427 ID: 5ebd37

sneak over behind the conveyor and see where it goes.
>>
No. 1088513 ID: ed041d
File 171284378879.png - (14.86KB , 176x281 , Mech138.png )
1088513

>>1088406
The door is indeed Mech Sized
>>
No. 1088514 ID: ed041d
File 171284384207.png - (19.11KB , 214x235 , Mech139.png )
1088514

>>1088383
It seems the security are Siren model Box Walkers. This guys are automated warning systems as compared to the regular piloted models.

Sneaking past them may be difficult, how do you want to handle it?
>>
No. 1088518 ID: 29370e

Do we know how these bots act? If we splashed on the other side of the tank would they go look or would they just sound the alarm?
Could also try getting out of the tank in a way that splashes them while simultaneously boosting over them to land behind the conveyors. If they aren't smart they'll be busy looking at the tank while you get away scott free.
>>
No. 1088521 ID: 8f9bc4

>>1088518

Yes, simple automations are just going to go where they see a disturbance. You need to direct their attention to one side of the tank, hop off the other and jet it.
>>
No. 1088830 ID: ed041d
File 171319355801.png - (20.54KB , 405x212 , Mech140.png )
1088830

>>1088518
>>1088521

You grab a handfull of the sludge from the tank, the splashing seems to have caught the attention of the Walkers.
>>
No. 1088831 ID: ed041d
File 171319358319.png - (29.78KB , 318x280 , Mech141.png )
1088831

They are distracted by the splash, do you want to advance to the door or do something else?
>>
No. 1088834 ID: a066b2

This seems suspiciously easy, but cautiously sneak to the door.
>>
No. 1088865 ID: eb0a9c

*Beep*
You're on the clock. The bots may be dumb, but the AI managing them will eventually realize there's an intruder in the building. Sneak fast and don't be afraid to break stealth for a combat advantage.
>>
No. 1089026 ID: ed041d
File 171336399733.png - (8.36KB , 180x106 , Mech142.png )
1089026

You take off, the Walkers are on a short timer and may try to find out where the splash come from.
>>
No. 1089027 ID: ed041d
File 171336402561.png - (90.77KB , 847x649 , Mech143.png )
1089027

You pass through the door and enter into the main section of the compound, finding a massive machine in the center...

You suspect this is the superweapon.
>>
No. 1089029 ID: 8f9bc4

Oh good. It is one single superweapon then, not a huge pile of them. Now, it's surely impervious to the firepower of a single lonely mech, but there must be access panels to get into it. Is anything inscribed on the side?

You're sure it's a superweapon, right? This is starting to feel like a setup. What could get Kowalski-Wayne in serious trouble, if you mistakenly blew it up?

Well, no time for hesitation now. Cast IDENTIFY on the—I mean, access panels. Find out what's inside this beast, and where you might be able to sabatoge it.
>>
No. 1089052 ID: a066b2

No guards? Great so its a trap then.
Look for panels and hatches, any way to the interior
>>
No. 1089066 ID: eb0a9c

Literally stuff missiles in there and wire them to explode when they stop receiving your coded signal.
>>
No. 1089190 ID: ed041d
File 171353456082.png - (52.94KB , 438x381 , Mech144.png )
1089190

You run a scan to get a better look at the damn thing and it's a heavy weapons platform. Still in construction, the weapons, control units, etc, have yet to be attached, but it's very clear that just stuffing some missiles into it won't work. The armor is incredibly thick, and without any of the weapons attached a chain explosion won't do anything.

You'll have to search for other options but you should be able to find something.
>>
No. 1089192 ID: 619ac8

Well what if you attached the weapons? Look for a crane control room.
>>
No. 1089193 ID: 3a9fbe

>>1089190
Or pile all the attachments on top and blow em up
>>
No. 1089195 ID: 61be31

Any way we could durably sabotage its treads?
>>
No. 1089207 ID: 8f9bc4

That is one massive weapons platform. You could fit a small city in there! It's apparently been constructed from the bottom up, so the top might still be unarmored. Probably no way to sabatoge the treads that would pass cursory inspection.
>>
No. 1089350 ID: ed041d
File 171374383345.png - (12.34KB , 222x294 , Mech145.png )
1089350

>>1089192
You search about the room and find what looks to be a crane operation booth. If you want to sabotage the weapons you should be able to do so from there.
>>
No. 1089351 ID: ed041d
File 171374387816.png - (18.68KB , 213x189 , Mech146.png )
1089351

You reach the room, but you find a problem, your mech is still too large to enter it. You could attempt to exit the mech and operate it from there, but this risks your being as you're far squishier without your armored unit.

What do you do?
>>
No. 1089358 ID: 5ebd37

How is your fine manipulation skill? Peel off the roof and you can access the controls. Maybe punching the controls will do something, or at least make a start at the sabotage.
>>
No. 1089360 ID: 8f9bc4

If you do exit the mech, position it so that it blocks access to the crane operation booth, with the mech's access hatch at the doorway.
>>
No. 1089385 ID: b3eab7

>>1089360
This. That would both defend the booth and the mech.
>>
No. 1089453 ID: ed041d
File 171388102862.png - (25.48KB , 268x182 , Mech147.png )
1089453

>>1089360
>>1089385
You place the mech right against the door and angle it, before dropping out and wandering into the operation room. It should provide you some protection for now, you just hope nobody damages it too much.
>>
No. 1089454 ID: ed041d
File 171388106068.png - (75.57KB , 1044x577 , Mech148.png )
1089454

You find the control console, easy enough for you to commandeer what with your neural augmentations. There seem to be some options, what do you want to do?
>>
No. 1089456 ID: 5ebd37

Check out the Powerplant info, if it's already installed maybe it could be set to overload.
>>
No. 1089481 ID: 8f9bc4

What's Project Deadline? Sounds ominous.

Wait no that's just the project deadline.
>>
No. 1089676 ID: ed041d
File 171405210298.png - (22.80KB , 518x272 , Mech149.png )
1089676

>>1089456
You check out the Powerplant, it's an old nuclear reactor design, instead of anything alien. That's interesting, maybe they can't use alien power just yet? Maybe they're limited.

You'll note it down in case it becomes important, but you take note of the current status of the Reactor.

What do you want to do with this information?
>>
No. 1089685 ID: 2c342c

I don't suppose you can make it meltdown from here. Makes a good target if you can get inside though.

What comes up under 'internals'?
>>
No. 1089847 ID: ed041d
File 171423430085.png - (21.35KB , 518x272 , Mech150.png )
1089847

>>1089685
Making it melt down should be a possibility, this thing seems to be an autonomous platform so it'd probably have a remote meltdown.

Looking over the internals, you find several options for how to sabotage this thing, leaving you many options. You might want to pick soon, you're not certain how much longer you have.
>>
No. 1089848 ID: 5ebd37

Drone cache may be our way in. See if you can open the drone's exit hatch from here.
>>
No. 1089857 ID: 8f9bc4

>>1089848

Sneak in, remove the cooling rods, sneak out. Soon as they power it up, the whole thing will melt into radioactive slag, and you'll be long gone.
>>
No. 1089970 ID: b3eab7

>>1089857
This, best sabotage if you can manage it.
>>
No. 1089988 ID: ed041d
File 171440023795.png - (18.71KB , 518x272 , Mech151.png )
1089988

You operate the controls and get the drone cache to open, you should have a way into the Juggernaut Platform now.
>>
No. 1089989 ID: ed041d
File 171440026557.png - (33.75KB , 323x191 , Mech152.png )
1089989

You however, hear a click and realize there's a guard behind you. What do you do?
>>
No. 1090002 ID: 237edf

Drop and kick em in the knee. Get their gun away and get back in your mech.
>>
No. 1090009 ID: 8f9bc4

Why isn't he shooting? Maybe you can talk your way out of it? Wait no, your mech is out there in plain sight. It's a... maintenance... construction... vehicle?
>>
No. 1090070 ID: ed041d
File 171456931526.png - (24.56KB , 188x266 , Mech153.png )
1090070

>>1090009
You decide to engage with a dialogue, as they haven't shot you yet.

:GuardIcon: Who are you? Why is that unmarked mech here? What do you think you're doing?

You're gonna have to be smart here, what do you say to those questions?
>>
No. 1090077 ID: eb0a9c

Quick, feign an internal lust detonator!

Shiver in place, screaming "NO, DON-", then drop on the floor and strip while you offer to suck his dick, apparently uncaring of the gun in your face.

While he's confused, tackle his legs and then grab the gun. Beat him unconscious or jab him with the barrel after firing.
>>
No. 1090078 ID: 1effd3

"I'm here to test the facilities security measures. Command won't appreciate how easy it was to get in here, or with the lack of encryption on their new toy. Your commander is going to have one hell of a bad day after I make my report. I do commend that at least one soldier is capable of doing his job. What's your name soldier?"
>>
No. 1090086 ID: b3eab7

Say you've been fighting those corporate invaders all day and are out of ammo. You went to the factory directly because something seems to have happened to the supply chain, it dried up.
>>
No. 1090090 ID: 8f9bc4

Didn't he see the official company logo? It's only on one side of the mech.
>>
No. 1090128 ID: 5ebd37

>>1090090
this, but act all exasperated and take him outside to see. that's when you knock him out.
>>
No. 1090199 ID: ed041d
File 171474426451.png - (40.02KB , 411x262 , Mech154.png )
1090199

>>1090078

:PilotIconF: I'm here to test the facilities security measures. Command won't appreciate how easy it was to get in here, or with the lack of encryption on their new toy. Your commander is going to have one hell of a bad day after I make my report!

:GuardIcon: You're from command?!

>>1090090
:PilotIconF: Of course I am! Didn't you see the official logo on the mech? It's not hard to miss!

:GuardIcon: I am so sorry ma'am! I didn't see it, i-if you want we can go out and you can show it to me!

You've gotten into his head, what is your next course of action?
>>
No. 1090258 ID: 5ebd37

Distraction. Don't give him time to think, direct his attention to the console. Quickly back out to the main menu, going through the other entries and how easily they could be used for sabotage. Why was this important console unguarded, hmm? Turn the console off while berating him on this lack of security.
>>
No. 1090261 ID: 1effd3

>>1090258
don't berate him, tell him how his boss will get berated for this potential breach in security!
>>
No. 1090379 ID: ed041d
File 171493301558.png - (34.07KB , 307x224 , Mech155.png )
1090379

>>1090258
>>1090261

:PilotIconF: This station is meant to be assembling the Juggernaut correct? Your commander is in some deep trouble, however you might be able to avoid that.

:GuardIcon: I-I will?

:PilotIconF: Yes, you will, you just need to do a little something for me.

This is your chance, what will you do?
>>
No. 1090396 ID: d3e469

Freakin' judo chop!
>>
No. 1090411 ID: 5ebd37

tell him he needs to stay here and monitor the console while you test the warning systems inside the super weapon.
>>
No. 1090412 ID: 8f9bc4

Well you—oh.

>>1090411
>>
No. 1090803 ID: ed041d
File 171555540964.png - (25.11KB , 239x190 , Mech156.png )
1090803

>>1090411
>>1090412
:PilotIconF: Keep watch over the monitor, I have to do an internal inspection of the Juggernaut. Can you handle that?

:GuardIcon: Y-Yes! Yes I can do that no problem!

Alright, he's in your palms, anything else you want to do or do you want to get in now?
>>
No. 1090809 ID: 8f9bc4

Nope, more time spent means more can go wrong. Book it. Time to go uh, "test" their systems.
>>
No. 1090810 ID: 5ebd37

Got to speed run this before he figures it out.
>>
No. 1090826 ID: eb0a9c

Walk briskly, and use careful movements, but also rush said movements. If you sprint, he'll realize you're bluffing, but as long as you look like a disgruntled inspector who just had some grunt wave a gun in her face and wants to get this over with, you're good.
>>
No. 1090940 ID: ed041d
File 171569900706.png - (16.15KB , 260x272 , Mech157.png )
1090940

With the juggernaut open, and the Guard handled, you move with purpose and reenter your mech. After that it's a simple journey into the mech.
>>
No. 1090941 ID: ed041d
File 171569904212.png - (20.53KB , 275x169 , Mech158.png )
1090941

Inside the Juggernaut is relatively open, it really is unfinished, it gives you a clear look at the central reactor.

Here's your opportunity, what shall you do?
>>
No. 1090943 ID: eb0a9c

Plant bomb. Run.
Call the guard and scream "YOU FAIL FOREVER, NOW RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! IT'S GONNA BLOW!"
>>
No. 1090956 ID: 5ebd37

Do we have any way to take the missiles out of our launcher? Pile them up around the reactor, then sabotage the coolant system. It heats up, they explode, and you have time to get far away.
>>
No. 1090961 ID: b3eab7

Sabotaging the coolant system is #1 priority.

For extra irony, if some cooling system parts are of roughly similar shape and size as the missiles, you could do a little substitution...
>>
No. 1091049 ID: ed041d
File 171586428678.png - (23.47KB , 289x185 , Mech159.png )
1091049

>>1090956
>>1090961
You activate the missile pod and slowly slide the missiles out, it's an arduous process but it works at the very least. You begin to pile them near the Reactor's control rods and coolant.

You have this under control, it'd be very easy to just... leave now. Do you want to? Is there anything else you want to do? How would you even get out of the factory?
>>
No. 1091051 ID: 714fab

Better not tempt fate, time to leave

Wish we could bring the guard out with us, but he couldn't travel through the pipe safely
>>
No. 1091203 ID: b3eab7

Just try and make the sabotage non-obvious (no leaving behind an open hatch that should be closed) then thank the other guy for his diligence and let's see how we leave.

Leaving the way we came in is probably the safest, but we could possibly get some intelligence if we leave by the main entrance. Main problem with that is... can we fake it? I fear we may need some IFF key.
Wait... could the IFF key be installed in the supertank's comms already? You should check it, that would make leaving so easier.
>>
No. 1091219 ID: ed041d
File 171604370662.png - (14.42KB , 228x184 , Mech160.png )
1091219

>>1091203
Easy enough to just make it non obvious. Powerplant was already installed and you don't think the guard will say anything due to the threat to his "superior".

Grabbing an IFF unit wouldn't be too difficult, remember the Juggernaut is relatively empty at the moment, looking up you can even see a basic IFF transponder, perhaps a temporary unit to cover any automated security not accidentally attacking the weapon.

However this might make you register as something else, do you want to risk it?
>>
No. 1091250 ID: 5ebd37

Even with the right transponder won't you still be visually out of place? You got lucky with the one guard, the rest might not be so foolish.
>>
No. 1091283 ID: b3eab7

Let's leave the way we came in then. The less we're seen, the higher the chances of our sabotage to go undetected.
>>
No. 1091284 ID: 273c18

What if you broke the IFF? Then automated security might attack the weapon...
>>
No. 1091353 ID: ed041d
File 171622218193.png - (25.23KB , 385x183 , Mech161.png )
1091353

>>1091283
>>1091284
You opt to break the transponder and leave through the pipes, it'll be tight but you can pull this off.
>>
No. 1091354 ID: ed041d
File 171622223142.png - (7.88KB , 225x153 , Mech162.png )
1091354

As you leave the Juggernaut, your systems alert you that you could detonate the missiles now. Do you want to do so, or shall you wait? You have only a minute to decide before the alarms go off when the transponder is pinged once more.
>>
No. 1091355 ID: eb0a9c

Alert the guard that the project is a total failure - because it's about to explode. Everyone needs to run.
Don't mock him, let him think the prototype was so unstable that a routine stress test caused a nuclear meltdown.
>>
No. 1091356 ID: 8f9bc4

W-why did you blow up the transponder? Now they'll inspect the juggarnaut and find the missiles! I guess... you might as well set them off, then? If they're going to be found anyway? Thought you were going to leave them until they activated the reactor's cooling mechanism.
>>
No. 1091359 ID: b3eab7

You need the juggernaut started before you blow up its cooling system.

Maybe we can still bluff this. Like, tell the other guy we need to make it move. If the shooting starts, go "Oh crap, get it out of the hangar now"
>>
No. 1091360 ID: 7f0864

>>1091355
Get your big mech face right up in the control room window and yell at him that it's all gone wrong. Quick run, save yourself!

I suppose it doesn't matter whether you let the reactor meltdown or just trigger the missles yourself, now that you're outside. Let's blow this joint
>>
No. 1091567 ID: ed041d
File 171639109170.png - (23.99KB , 212x225 , Mech163.png )
1091567

>>1091355
>>1091360
You get out and alert the guard about the issues, leaving out the fact that you've sabotaged the reactor.

With that, you dart back out, the klaxons going off.
>>
No. 1091568 ID: ed041d
File 171639113069.png - (16.29KB , 206x152 , Mech164.png )
1091568

The pipes are unguarded, seems the transponder trick worked, the automated security ignored you entirely for the larger target. You're on your way out, do you want to detonate the missiles now?
>>
No. 1091570 ID: 8515a7

Let's not leave it to chance, let it blow
>>
No. 1091580 ID: b3eab7

Blowing it now is a certainty of disabling the juggernaut... for now.
Leaving it alone is a chance of destroying it and possibly a big part of the facility.

I think we've overplayed our hand with the destruction of the transponder. Let's detonate the missiles now; it won't buy us enormous time, but it's time we're sure to buy (and definitely enough time to do our second mission of the day).
Edit: Just get to cover first, just in case we do blow up the facility.
>>
No. 1091676 ID: ed041d
File 171655856437.png - (75.10KB , 503x473 , Mech165.png )
1091676

>>1091570
>>1091580
You hit the detonation signal, as you climb out of the pipe you watch as the fortress has a massive hole blown out of it.

Your missiles weren't that strong, perhaps you triggered a chain reaction that hit ammo stores or something?
>>
No. 1091679 ID: b3eab7

Success!
Time to GTFO, refuel/reload and report in for the escort mission.
>>
No. 1091680 ID: a307c2

>triggered a chain reaction
That or an angry super weapon is about to burst out and chase you. Hopefully not, let's get out of here
>>
No. 1091880 ID: ed041d
File 171681864019.png - (67.02KB , 772x383 , Mech166.png )
1091880

You rocket off, not wanting to waste time and find out if there is something bigger coming for you.

> MISSION COMPLETE!
>>
No. 1091881 ID: ed041d
File 171681870090.png - (16.90KB , 800x182 , Mech167.png )
1091881

>>1091679
You get back and begin to restock and prepare for the escort job, it should be simple enough, straight path to a neutral zone.
>>
No. 1091882 ID: ed041d
File 171681872142.png - (54.75KB , 829x455 , Mech Build Blank.png )
1091882

What will be your loadout for this mission?
>>
No. 1091886 ID: eb0a9c

Gatling and Shotgun
>>
No. 1091888 ID: 1effd3

we need a shield, to protect the vehicle
>>
No. 1091902 ID: a307c2

Shield, gatlling and missiles. We want to keep people away, not necessarily destroy them.
>>
No. 1092093 ID: ed041d
File 171707771586.png - (57.33KB , 829x455 , Mech168.png )
1092093

>>1091886
>>1091888
>>1091902

You load up a Gatling and the shield, but you keep the missile pod.
>>
No. 1092094 ID: ed041d
File 171707794844.png - (45.97KB , 498x354 , Mech169.png )
1092094

You await at a canyon, the diplomat's vehicle should be here soon, you can wait, scan the area, or even try to set up defenses you'd feel would be necessary.

What do you want to do?
>>
No. 1092095 ID: 473fe8

They arent traveling through the canyon are they? Canyons are excellent for ambushes.

See what you can detect without leaving your post.
>>
No. 1092097 ID: 8f9bc4

We have defenses that can be set up? That might have been good information to know before taking this mission.
>>
No. 1092106 ID: b3eab7

Start by scanning, scout ahead a bit too.
If you find a "perfect ambush point", might be a good idea to booby-trap it with one of our missiles.
>>
No. 1092309 ID: ed041d
File 171736912084.png - (29.87KB , 778x367 , Mech170.png )
1092309

>>1092095
You are not traveling through the Canyon, it was picked as the Rendezvous Point, you are to wait for the Diplomat to appear.

>>1092097
You get treated to an overhead view, your Mech can be seen. ITA vessel Agamemnon is currently on overwatch and you've been granted access to deployables for this mission. Make use of them where you can but keep in mind some will be better than others.

>>1092106
You run a ping, but with nothing here yet, you find little.

Do you have any further questions, or shall you wait for the Diplomat's APC to arrive?
>>
No. 1092315 ID: 5ebd37

How does the ems chaff work?
>>
No. 1092316 ID: eb0a9c

While you wait, have the computers calculate firing trajectories of random points on the map until enemies show up. When you need a quick-fired ordinance, you can order it at one of the points.
>>
No. 1092377 ID: ed041d
File 171753155182.png - (38.00KB , 547x209 , Mech171.png )
1092377

>>1092315
EMS Chaff deploys via pod and is dispersed over an area measuring 35 meters in diameter, it blocks all EM transmissions in said area, so be careful where dropping it. Laserline still works so if you had good laser connection you might be able to still call for assistance from the Agamemnon, but nowhere else.

>>1092316
You can do so, but it increases the time of deployables significantly and may make them miss, but if this is what you wish.

Anything else?
>>
No. 1092385 ID: 5ebd37

I think we're ready
>>
No. 1092504 ID: ed041d
File 171768681841.png - (13.05KB , 217x81 , Mech172.png )
1092504

With everything all ready, you wait, the APC arrives shortly. Do you have anything you want to say to the occupants before you get going, or do you just want the map?
>>
No. 1092505 ID: 2791af

Keep it professional. No chit chat
>>
No. 1092511 ID: b3eab7

For starters: Comms check.

Then, negotiate a few emergency visual signals (mech hand signs, flashing lights, whatever) in case enemies attack while jamming (or in case you have to deploy the EMS Chaff). You need at least "Stop", "Take cover" and "Floor it".

Also, check that their IFF matches your expectations, don't want to deploy a turret and see it fire at the wrong target.
>>
No. 1092512 ID: eb0a9c

>>1092511
This

Also, ask if they have a preference to where you will march alongside them. Diplomats have to care about presentation and stuff.
>>
No. 1092515 ID: b3eab7

Oh while we're at it, ask Hannibal if anyone else picked and completed the Red Mask assassination mission.
If not, ask for whatever tactical data we may have on Red Mask, just in case.
>>
No. 1092773 ID: ed041d
File 171803428560.png - (18.35KB , 338x117 , Mech173.png )
1092773

>>1092515
You call up Hannibal and inquire about the Red Mask job.

:HandlerIcon: One person took it, there will be one less Mech Pilot at the bar tonight, the Red Mask got away and thoroughly smashed the mech unit.

:HandlerIcon: The Red Mask is seemingly a collective identity, passed down over 200 years. Works only for the highest bidder, and that is judged based on what is the most valuable resource at the time. Seeing as the Monarchy has alien technology...
>>
No. 1092774 ID: ed041d
File 171803441455.png - (36.66KB , 252x234 , Mech174.png )
1092774

>>1092505
>>1092511
>>1092512
With Hannibal out of the way, you move onto professional work and getting the APC moving, going over some basic handsigns and so forth.

The Diplomat would rather you kept close and in pace with the APC, so you have to limit your speed and keep close to it. There are advantages to this, but it will limit your ability to respond to threats, for now, you just have to keep moving.
>>
No. 1092775 ID: b3eab7

Is that drone copter the small, recon kind? If so, you should deploy it for scouting ahead, it should help get an early warning on incoming threats (except underground ones - be wary of possible mines).
>>
No. 1092776 ID: 498a9b

It's best to stick close anyway, to shield against surprise missile attacks.
>>
No. 1092871 ID: ed041d
File 171820557014.png - (16.58KB , 258x138 , Mech175.png )
1092871

>>1092776
You'll stick close for now.

>>1092775
The Drone Copter is a small attack vessel, they usually deploy in groups of 5, where the turret makes use of heavy rounds, this subscribes to a "Death by a thousand cuts" mentality.
>>
No. 1092880 ID: b3eab7

All right, let's advance and keep our senses on alert.

Now, let's make sure we know all of our tools: So, the copters use light ammo and the turret heavy ammo. What does the missile strike do?
>>
No. 1092984 ID: ed041d
File 171846223036.png - (28.33KB , 508x281 , Mech176.png )
1092984

>>1092880
Missile strike is the slowest deployable, as it fires a single Heavy Missile that takes out a significant chunk of the landscape and the crowd, but a weapon like that even with a proper booster takes awhile to hit.

Is that all you need to know for now?
>>
No. 1092991 ID: 5ebd37

Take point, what's the terrain like ahead?
>>
No. 1093088 ID: ed041d
File 171873871617.png - (26.47KB , 712x239 , Mech177.png )
1093088

>>1092991
Mountainous and rockey. The entire area is coated in hills and mountains, this part of the planet is uneasy tectonically and hasn't been developed.

Hence why it's a neutral point, no major colony work can be done here, so the ITA designated it a neutral territory with the Monarchy. While the Monarchy does have elements that can negotiate, hence why the planet simply hasn't been glassed, other elements will not be so friendly.

Your job in escort is to simply ensure no "extraneous" elements get the drop first.


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason