[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
In memory of Flyin' Black Jackson
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 155817460810.png - (299.94KB , 800x800 , 1-000-1.png )
933192 No. 933192 ID: 891b91

This quest is NSFW.

Content Warning: This is a horror-themed quest; the events depicted may be disturbing to some people. Possible content (spoilered for those who would prefer to be surprised) includes graphic depictions of death, gore, and body horror.

Expand all images
>>
No. 933193 ID: 891b91
File 155817465314.png - (271.99KB , 1153x800 , 1-000-2.png )
933193

Yes, they are on their way as I speak. Which one should I guide to you?

The Drunkard, who escapes the world through her love of drink.

The Misfit, who would trade the world to extinguish his loneliness.

The Thief, who invents enemies from the shadows that surround him.

The Coward, who flees her fears, leaving those who need her behind.


Please choose a character.
>>
No. 933195 ID: 3458dd

Gonna say the Drunkard
>>
No. 933196 ID: 8f05eb

Misfit sounds like he'll be the most loyal.
>>
No. 933197 ID: f3310b

I think we're choosing the first person to die heh.

Drunkard.
>>
No. 933198 ID: ad51b8

gotta go with the drunk. If they're intoxicated all the time they're less likely to take sanity damage.
>>
No. 933200 ID: 8ca489

Thief. I'm always partial to those that walk in the shadows.
>>
No. 933201 ID: 4854ef

The Misfit
>>
No. 933202 ID: e20bdf

The Drunkard and the Misfit sound fun.
Since "they are on their way" I assume we will follow the point of view of one and the others will be part of the group. If that is correct I vote for the Thief who is the least promising in terms of personality but the most capable of acting.
The Coward might be an interesting point of view to get to know the others but the text suggest her thing is abandonment. Betraying a friend can make a character so unlikable it ruins my investment in the story, so I don't want to risk this possibility.
>>
No. 933203 ID: bcc41d

Be very afraid. Be the Coward.
>>
No. 933204 ID: 3940d3

Imma go misfit, they seem kinda interesting.
>>
No. 933207 ID: 2202fb

Coward.
>>
No. 933210 ID: e2f5cc

The Drunkard seems the most interesting to me.
>>
No. 933216 ID: 11f77a

Hmm I'm leaning towards the Misfit on this one
>>
No. 933217 ID: 4b3bec

Drunkard.
>>
No. 933221 ID: 0fae41

Cowards!
>>
No. 933223 ID: 1a6f80

Coward.
>>
No. 933224 ID: 90f3c0

The Misfit
>>
No. 933229 ID: 094652

The Thief
>>
No. 933230 ID: 1534c3

Misfit all the way
>>
No. 933231 ID: 1ac5eb

drunkard
>>
No. 933232 ID: eeb7d9

The Theif sounds cool.
>>
No. 933233 ID: e51896

Coward
>>
No. 933234 ID: de7f24

Drunkard
>>
No. 933235 ID: 3acfd3

misfit
>>
No. 933236 ID: 465a14

Coward.
>>
No. 933237 ID: f2320a

>>933193
The misfit
>>
No. 933242 ID: 06fdc0

Misfit
>>
No. 933243 ID: 4f51b2

>>933192
The thief
>>
No. 933244 ID: 864e49

We go where eagles dare!
>>
No. 933245 ID: 419ea7

>>933193
misfit seems cool
>>
No. 933246 ID: 4f51b2

>Invent enemy from the shadows
Sounds interesting, I go for the thief.
>>
No. 933247 ID: 7776db

Is the thief a lizard?
The I’ll go with that.
>>
No. 933250 ID: 891b91

>>933244
Good taste imo, also I'm gonna assume this means your vote is for the Misfit.
>>
No. 933254 ID: 91ee5f

>>933193
The Thief
>>
No. 933257 ID: 977456

Springbok! If you can't jump, what's the point of living?
>>
No. 933272 ID: ba56e6

>>933193
The Coward
>>
No. 933281 ID: 3b7bf2

The thief, though I'd like to see them all in the quest.
>>
No. 933282 ID: 10c408

the coward. Dem horns.
>>
No. 933288 ID: 8b270f

>>933192
the coward, it would make an interesting story conflict wise, after all how do you pin a victimless crime down?
>>
No. 933297 ID: 745eba

Misfit
>>
No. 933299 ID: 15a025

The misfit!
>>
No. 933301 ID: 3672a5

Thief
>>
No. 933306 ID: 12ef8b

The thief sounds like the most fitting.
>>
No. 933312 ID: d5f100

The Misfit
>>
No. 933316 ID: 74be55

I'm torn between the thief and the coward but I think I'll choose the thief. Hope is not to late to vote.
>>
No. 933336 ID: a8b653

>>933250
I'm not some god damn son of bitch!
But Yes.
>>
No. 933344 ID: 4b5f27

Coward
>>
No. 933345 ID: a9af05

>>933193
The Thief
>>
No. 933362 ID: e1226c

Thief
>>
No. 933384 ID: 3ae175

>>933193
I vote for the thief.
>>
No. 933457 ID: c0641d

Someone is being guided to us. Methinks we're the corrupting monster. The Misfit would join willingly, and the Drunkard could be easily manipulated. However, the Coward might be quick to bolt so we might want her first. But the thief... if anyone has a chance of truly foiling us, it would be him. He should be the first to fall into our embrace.
>>
No. 933462 ID: 8faf34

The drunkard
>>
No. 933481 ID: 9aaeef

The thief., unironically the one who looks the most trustworthy.
>>
No. 933483 ID: 44f6f3

Thief
>>
No. 933504 ID: 8275cf

coward looks cutest
>>
No. 933508 ID: fdf202

>>933193
misfit needs us most, drunkard seems most fun.
>>
No. 933525 ID: b29fc6

The thief
>>
No. 933800 ID: 1ed92d

>>933193
The Thief.
>>
No. 933835 ID: 891b91

Character selection is over; votes below this post will not be counted.
>>
No. 933840 ID: eeb7d9

And the winner is...
>>
No. 933848 ID: 2202fb

>>933840
It is the thief, no contest. Not my pick, but hey, that is how a direct democracy goes.
>>
No. 933849 ID: 891b91
File 155865740503.png - (435.61KB , 1153x800 , 1-001-1.png )
933849

The Thief? I had thought perhaps the Coward, but... yes, I see how the Thief could become a problem.

I'll bring him to you. But when this is all over, remember our deal.

>>
No. 933850 ID: 891b91
File 155865741164.png - (252.33KB , 800x800 , 1-001-2.png )
933850

"'Scuse me, young man, can I check your ticket? Ferry's 'bout to depart."

Guess this old codger's the... whatever you call a conductor on a boat. "Yeah, sure. Here."

"Thank you kindly," he chirps, punching the ticket and handing it back to me. "So what brings you to the island?"

"None ya business." Nosy old bastard.

He laughs that kinda stuck-up laugh old folks do when they think they know better than you. "'Spose ya got me there! Well, whatever you're lookin' for, I hope ya find it." The fuck's that supposed to mean?

He starts walkin' off, but I stop him. "Hey, wait a minute. How long 'til we get to shore?"

"Hmm? Oh, not long. 'Bout 20 minutes, all in all."

Guess I've got some time to kill.

A) Let's head to the upper deck, see how the view is from up there.

B) There's a waiting room inside the cabin. Might as well check it out.

C) Think I'll take a stroll 'round the lower deck here.

D) Fuck it, I'll just wait here. This breeze is pretty nice anyway.

>>
No. 933852 ID: ad51b8

A
>>
No. 933854 ID: 8eaf98

if we are trying to avoid thievery go B or D, if we are looking for targets i feel like C sounds like it would have people the least on guard
>>
No. 933855 ID: 0fae41

C. Time to perform a sweep for unsecured objects.
>>
No. 933857 ID: 10c408

Let's go with A. might as well have a nice view for a short ride.
>>
No. 933860 ID: b1b4f3

A.
>>
No. 933861 ID: a12187

B
>>
No. 933866 ID: eeb7d9

A.
Who are you, Where are you going and What are you doing there?
>>
No. 933878 ID: 11f77a

A. Reminisce on your path that led you to this moment. Also, I wonder how that old timer figures you're looking for something in the first place. Unless you weren't. Hmmm...
>>
No. 933881 ID: 91ee5f

>>933850
A
>>
No. 933885 ID: 4f51b2

>>933850
B
>>
No. 933887 ID: 7fb87a

>>933850
B) might as well see what kinds of people are here
>>
No. 933907 ID: f3310b

B or C. Both have a good chance to find someone, or their belongings.
>>
No. 933921 ID: 9aaeef

>>933850
B) Let’s see if there are people there.
>>
No. 933925 ID: 21d52d

A.
>>
No. 933957 ID: c0641d

C. Snoop snoop.

We understand your concern over the Coward, and we agree that after we quickly embrace the Thief, we should be after her next (with subtlety) before she has a chance to run and hide.
>>
No. 933970 ID: 9876c4

>>933192
Is that Coward an actual Cow?

I am totally stoked to have good, clean pun with my horror.
>>
No. 934012 ID: 15a025

C
>>
No. 934014 ID: cbdfa8

>>933850
C.
>>
No. 934082 ID: 996529

B)
>>
No. 934131 ID: c0641d

Actually, come to think of it, I think it’s possible I and a few others could have misinterpreted the implication of the opening post’s framing device. Are we (the Voices) supposed to be helping the monsters or the mortals? Or do we get to choose?
>>
No. 934140 ID: 977456

Who we should be helping and who we will be helping may not be the same. Don't blame me for falling to The Jedi Side if the coward is pronking.
>>
No. 934315 ID: 891b91
File 155909021648.png - (215.38KB , 800x800 , 1-002-1.png )
934315

>>934131
Seek what you will

>>933970
It pains me that this idea didn't occur to me. Sadly, it isn't a pun.

>Who are you?
Name's Howie.

>Where are you going?
Little town called Rafflesia Shores. It's on some island in the Outer Banks, I forget the name.

>What are you doing there?
Gonna lay low for a bit, figure out my next move.

>Reminisce on your path that led you to this moment.
My mind keeps wanderin' back to everything that happened back home. I don't wanna think about it anymore, that's why I'm goin' to the island. I remember my folks took me there a few times as a kid. I always figured, yeah, that's where I'll go, if shit gets bad. And so, here I am.

I figure I'll head on up top. Might be a better view up there.
>>
No. 934316 ID: 891b91
File 155909022565.png - (174.36KB , 800x800 , 1-002-2.png )
934316

At the top of the stairs, the passage opens up into an observation deck. The island sits motionless on the horizon ahead of us. As if on cue, the ferry lurches to a start.

No one else is up here except for some bird chick. Toucan, judgin' from that big honker.
>>
No. 934317 ID: 891b91
File 155909023650.png - (243.40KB , 800x800 , 1-002-3.png )
934317

Well, ain't that a sight for sore eyes. That butt ain't half bad, either.

A) Just gonna mind my own business while I'm up here. Toucan's prolly more trouble than she's worth.

B) Might as well introduce myself.
>1) Keep it chill, no funny business. Feel things out first.
>2) Time to lay on some charm and see where it gets me.
>3) ???

C) Can't keep my eyes off that purse.
>1) Strap looks flimsy. One good jerk and it'll prolly snap right off.
>2) Bet I could sneak a couple fingers in there without her noticing.
>3) ???

D) Eh, it's kinda boring up here.
>1) Guess I'll check out that waiting room down below.
>2) I hate sittin' still like this, I'm gonna have a stroll on the lower deck.
>3) Think I'll just head back to where I was and wait it out. (Time skip to when the Ferry reaches the island)

E) ???

>>
No. 934319 ID: 8eaf98

D-2 best to look around for targets
>>
No. 934320 ID: 11f77a

Why not go with B1? Since you're likely to hang around the same island (or even town) as her, there's nothing wrong with networking.

You're probably starting with nothing short of some loose change. While I won't blame your nature as a thief if you even think of pickpocketing her, you've got no place to run if you happen to be caught. Wait until you reach the island before making a beeline for that purse.
>>
No. 934321 ID: ad51b8

B-1

yeah, stealing shit while on a small boat is probably a bad idea since you're trying to lay low and because if you get caught you have nowhere to run.
>>
No. 934322 ID: e20bdf

>Little town called... Gonna lay low for a bit...
That remind me of something...

C1 Isn't a good idea in a small town where you are likely to be recognized, even worst in a boat. If she was near a door where you had a chance of escape unseen maybe, but this place is too open.
For C2 you may be a talented thief, but are you good enough to navigate a woman purse without looking? You are far more likely to get a handful of useless documents than getting any money.
Go for B1. If she is here for tourism she will be a good target when we disembark. Stalk her latter.
>>
No. 934330 ID: 977456

C3: just add booze. It'd be tragic if she woke up tomorrow with vague memories of her bag falling overboard and a nice man giving her some change for a phone and a busfare. If her bag happened to be empty when it happened, well, she'd never know...
>>
No. 934333 ID: 4f51b2

>>934317
B1, start slow, there are probably more cuties around too.
>>
No. 934337 ID: 0fae41

C2. Do you engage your marks in conversation to keep them distracted?
>>
No. 934338 ID: 9876c4

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought we were the THIEF, not the coward.

C2, followed by B2.
Let's be smooth, not thuggish.
>>
No. 934344 ID: eeb7d9

Taking something from her is tempting... But IF something goes wrong, you are in a small boat, where everyone can see your face. Not good.

B1: see if you can strike a conversation. See were things go, see what kind of person we are dealing with here.
>>
No. 934347 ID: cbdfa8

>>934317
B1. Even if she is a potential target, it's best to wait till we are ashore to go grabbin things. Hell might make a nice lady friend out of her.
>>
No. 934357 ID: 864e49

B1 we'll get to B2 eventually.
>>
No. 934367 ID: caf1de

grab the booty
>>
No. 934375 ID: f3310b

Check to see if she's wearing panties.
Because if she's not wearing any, then... uhh... it would make stealing from her riskier, since it would be easier for her to notice anyone touching certain places. Yep. Important to make sure!

Also, if you're introducing yourself, you should tell her that she looks like she needs a drink.
>>
No. 934385 ID: e51896

She is THICC

B1, followed by C2
>>
No. 934391 ID: 91ee5f

>>934317
B1

Wait until you’re not stuck on a boat with her before you try stealing her things.
>>
No. 934399 ID: a9af05

>>934317
B1 followed by B2
>>
No. 934411 ID: 791b75

>>934317
lay the charm on her and steal her heart
>>
No. 934493 ID: 06d001

>>934317
B1. Im guessing you're laying low for something bigger than simple pickpocketing so lets be a bit more professional about this. Lets talk with her a bit, and see if we can find an even bigger score on the island, like her house or something.
>>
No. 934524 ID: c0641d

Stealing from people is tricky; you never truly know somebody enough to know for sure if pickpocketing is viable. Stealing from places is much more our speed; that, we can prepare for. Wherever this lady is gonna be prominent might be a good start, and it would be good to know something about her habits, but we don't want to make too much of an impression; B1.
>>
No. 934653 ID: 15a025

B1. Let's at least get to know her a little bit.
>>
No. 934881 ID: 891b91
File 155972928255.png - (144.97KB , 800x800 , 1-003-1.png )
934881

Hmm. Too risky to just snatch the thing from her, especially while we're stuck on this boat. Might as well introduce myself, maybe I'll get a chance pinch something later. No funny business for now, though -- gotta feel things out and see what makes her tick first. Can't hurt to make a friend or two on the island anyway, just in case.

"Nice view, huh?" I say as I walk up.

"Oh! Didn't notice you there," she laughs, shooting an unconcerned glance at me. "Whadja say?"

"I said it's a nice view out here," I reply, forcing a chuckle.

"Damn skippy it is!" She pauses, letting an eye linger on me for a sec. "The ocean's basically my favorite thing ever. My mom always called me her little seagull, on account of how much I loved comin' here to swim in the summer."

"Huh, what a coincidence, my folks used to bring me here when I was a kid, too." I actually am kinda surprised, I don't remember ever seeing any toucans. "That why you're goin' to the island now? Getting some R&R?"

"Kinda, yeah," she recalls, digging around in her purse. "My sis n' me decided we could use a vacation... Well, it was more my sis's decision, but I'm not complaining!" She pulls a flask from her purse, unscrewing the cap.

"Just along for the ride, huh?"

"Hey, it's fine by me if it means hittin' up the beach for a couple weeks." She takes a long swig. "So what about you? What brings you to Rafflesia Shores?" She offers the flask, thrusting it in my direction expectantly.


A) I just met this bird, no way I'm tellin' her anything close to the truth. "Same as you, I'm just here to have some fun, y'know?"

B) A lie by omission might be more believable. "Been dealing with some bullshit back home, decided I needed to get away for a bit."

C*) I must be crazy, but I feel like I can trust this broad. "I got into some trouble back home, so I need to lay low til' things die down."

D) ???


*: Choices marked with an asterisk are those that the Thief considers risky. Please note that risky choices carry both a greater risk of danger and a greater chance of reward, and that taking risks may (and likely will) be necessary to obtain certain benefits or avoid certain dangers.

>>
No. 934882 ID: 0fae41

B.
>>
No. 934883 ID: 07e403

>>934881
B.
>>
No. 934884 ID: ad51b8

>B) A lie by omission might be more believable. "Been dealing with some bullshit back home, decided I needed to get away for a bit."
>>
No. 934885 ID: 04ca3e

C!
>>
No. 934888 ID: 8eaf98

B
if a follow up question inquiring about the nature of the bullshit something like 'people I would rather not be found by are looking for me'
>>
No. 934889 ID: eeb7d9

B.
>>
No. 934890 ID: eeb7d9

Oh, and also, accept a sip of whatever she's offering.
>>
No. 934891 ID: 9876c4

B. Anyone can smell a lie, but a half-truth runs clean and easy.
>>
No. 934892 ID: f3310b

You don't want her getting too close to you, so it's better to just tell her something that would most likely turn her off. But something believable.

Tell her that you came here to get laid. (Not sure if this counts as A or D)
>>
No. 934893 ID: 11f77a

I say trust the toucan (C). Take an offered sip to further strengthen that trust/bonding. She could assume it's family troubles for all we know. If she inquires, just 'don't want to talk about it' with a gloomy sigh. Take another sip to emphasize wanting to forget your troubles. You're a thief, maybe a conman, you can manipulate people easily right?

If we get her really drunk once on Rafflesia Shores, she may not even remember some details or the boat ride here come morning. Looks the type for carrying a flask around. And sounds like her sister may be somewhere on this boat too so have some R&R with them and get laid.
>>
No. 934935 ID: 11bf02

C
>>
No. 934940 ID: 07ca93

>>934893
I was going to say b but I loke your idea, I'll choose C, plus I like a bit of risk
>>
No. 934951 ID: c0641d

Yeah, maybe putting one foot in C with an option to backpedal is a good idea - I won't be mad if B wins out. Decline the drink though (but be polite about it) - she might seem ready to trust you already, but I don't think we're the type of person to reciprocate it quite that fast. Even if she's not malicious, you don't know what kind of drank she's into!
>>
No. 934965 ID: 5bdd53

>>934881
D/B) Tell her you're looking for new work, a chance to spend time in a place you always wanted to do. Then flirt with her, since she likes you enough already to offer you a drink. Make yourself a friend.
>>
No. 934977 ID: 550dc9

C)
>>
No. 934978 ID: 17f233

C
>>
No. 934979 ID: e19578

A
>>
No. 934986 ID: e51896

B
>>
No. 934987 ID: 07c00b

C
>>
No. 934993 ID: d3dd30

C
>>
No. 935014 ID: 864e49

B for Bird Booze and Booty.
>>
No. 935194 ID: 589d2e

>>934881
B
>>
No. 935199 ID: 15a025

B, it's not really a lie and you can always explain later.

Pass on the drink for now.
>>
No. 935201 ID: 7656be

C and tale the drink
>>
No. 935245 ID: a3e256

B covers the bases nicely. No reason to fib, anyway, and why make things awkward.
>>
No. 935766 ID: caeb37

>>934881
C
>>
No. 936370 ID: 891b91
File 156093086187.png - (176.25KB , 800x800 , 1-004-1.png )
936370

"Eh, been dealin' with some real bullshit back home. You know how it goes. Thought this'd be a good place to get away from it all for a bit." Almost started tellin' her the whole story, but... shit, I'm here 'cause I'm tryin' to get away from that shit, not to have a fuckin' pow-wow and talk about my problems.

"Thanks," I add, accepting the flask. I go to take a swig from it, but I get second thoughts and plug the opening with my tongue, pretendin' to swallow. Doesn't taste off, just some cheap-ass whiskey, but there's no tellin' what she coulda put in the stuff.
>>
No. 936371 ID: 891b91
File 156093088509.png - (213.52KB , 800x800 , 1-004-2.png )
936371

Somethin' about this bird makes me wanna like her right off the bat. Could be somethin' about how chilled out she is. Hell, maybe it's those fuckin' daisy dukes -- she even got anything on under those? Doesn't matter, bad idea to let my dick do all the thinkin' anyway. Either way, it's the ones you wanna like that you gotta look out for -- the ones with that charisma. They'll chew you up 'n spit you out if you let 'em.

"Yeah, shit-all happens on the island, it's real calm," she agrees, accepting the flask back from me. "Weird how it never blew up like the others, seems like every island in the Carolinas is jam-packed this time of year."

"Prolly 'cause they don't let cars on the island." It suits me just fine, too -- makes it harder for people to tail you. "They don't need 'em anyway, from what I remember all the old farts just drive around in golf carts instead."
>>
No. 936372 ID: 891b91
File 156093089717.png - (285.37KB , 800x800 , 1-004-3.png )
936372

"Old farts in golf carts... hey, that rhymes," she echoes as she tips the flask into her beak, emptying it. She turns around and leans back against the railing. "So, where you stayin'? Maybe we could y'know, chill and stuff."

A*) Tell the truth. "Don't got a place yet, thought I'd look for a room once I got on the island."
B) Lie to her. I remember the place I stayed at as a kid. "Gonna get a room at the Firepit Inn."
C*) Flirt with her.
>1) "I dunno, how about your room?"
>2) "Why, need someone to keep your bed warm?"
>3) [Suggest a pickup line]
D) ???

>>
No. 936373 ID: 0fae41

C1. Bad ideas are our specialty.
>>
No. 936374 ID: e20bdf

C2
Can your could blood warm anything?
>>
No. 936377 ID: 631909

C2, but phrase it sarcastically. Pair with a hyperbolic eyebrow wiggle.
>>
No. 936379 ID: 550dc9

C 2
>>
No. 936386 ID: eeb7d9

C 2, it's too good to pass it out.
But my paranoia is acting up. What ever we choose, we need to be careful about her.
>>
No. 936389 ID: 726b70

C3
"There's some old hole that I planned on filling, but I don't like it much. Is yours any good?"
>>
No. 936402 ID: 11f77a

Unsure, a bit of Column A and a bit of Column C3 (going for a double risk!). It's not like there are unspeakable, horrifying repercussions to admit you don't have a place (yet). And being the suave, clever guy you are you could segue that line into a flirt.

"Don't got a place yet to be honest. Perhaps you can hook me up with a room with a view~"
>>
No. 936413 ID: 8b270f

B guys let's not think with the organs that fill with blood. we are here to hide out then still shit.
>>
No. 936415 ID: 864e49

C1
>>
No. 936441 ID: ec6329

>>936372
C2
>>
No. 936444 ID: 0fae41

>>936413
I'm sure she's got a bathroom at her place.
>>
No. 936470 ID: 8d5b51

B
However, if we do end up picking C, do it sarcastically, with a roll of the eyes.
>>
No. 936513 ID: caf1de

i dunno i could just stay in you
>>
No. 936516 ID: d2e689

c2
>>
No. 936519 ID: c7c640

>>936413
>the organs that fill with blood.
That would be most of them.
>>
No. 936560 ID: 864e49

>>936519
But not the balls which are, as we all know, filled with pee.
>>
No. 936573 ID: 8b270f

>>936560
and the sperm per say in the spine!
>>
No. 936592 ID: f2136e

>>936560
I can only disagree. Based on experimental data, depending on the subject, the balls are filled with either a substance called pleasure, or pain.
>>
No. 936599 ID: f2320a

>>936402
Support lets get into those pants that are nearly underwear
>>
No. 936600 ID: 094652

A) "Haven't thought of it yet, but it shouldn't be hard. I grew up here, there's bound to be a favor or two I've forgotten."
>>
No. 936842 ID: 15a025

A, but instead of saying you're looking for a place, ask about staying with her for the night?
>>
No. 938557 ID: ce39da

A): Plant the seed, and let her drunk ass get the idea to take the cue to lead on this flirt fail waltz.
>>
No. 940260 ID: 891b91
File 156396818166.png - (221.74KB , 800x800 , 1-005-1.png )
940260

"Why, need someone to keep your bed warm?"
>>
No. 940261 ID: 891b91
File 156396819608.png - (199.72KB , 800x800 , 1-005-2.png )
940261

She just kinda stares at me for a sec, then suddenly busts a gut laughin'. "God-damn, you had me there for a sec! You try that on every girl you meet?"

I shrug. "Figured it was worth a shot."

"Oh--oh my God, you were serious?" She gasps, still gigglin' a bit.

I decide to play it cool. "As serious as you want me to be," I reply, a grin curling at the edges of my mouth.

She explodes with laughter again. "Hah, at least you don't try to hide it," she pants between laughs as she starts makin' for the stairs. I get the feelin' she wants to see if I'll follow her, but fuck that -- I ain't someone's lost puppy dog. "See you 'round, thirsty boy." With that, she disappears down the stairs.

Whatever, I bet she's a shitty lay anyway. Prolly lies there like a dead fish 'n makes you do all the work.
>>
No. 940262 ID: 891b91
File 156396820772.png - (263.40KB , 800x800 , 1-005-3.png )
940262

Island's close now, so I just stay up top 'n wait it out. No one else shows up in the meantime, which is fine by me.

Don't got any luggage -- didn't exactly have time to pack. All I've got are the clothes on my back, a couple Benjamins in my wallet, car keys, my unregistered CZ 75, a spare 19-round mag, 'n a handful of loose ammo.
>>
No. 940263 ID: 891b91
File 156396821869.png - (295.76KB , 800x800 , 1-005-4.png )
940263

It isn't long 'til the ferry docks 'n they let me off the boat. No sign of the toucan broad or anyone else, so I must be the last one off. Not like I was rushin' myself, anyway.

The shitty little shack beside the boardwalk is the visitor's center and gift shop, apparently. Think I remember gettin' some overpriced piece of crap from there as a kid.

Dunno how long I'm gonna be hidin' out here, so first order of business is to get myself settled in. Gonna need a place to crash, some extra clothes n' supplies, and a way to make some scratch since 2 hundo ain't gonna last forever. The only question is where I wanna start.

A) Check out the visitor's center. Might be able to get some info about the island in there -- not like my memories of the place are fresh or anything.
B) Head down the boardwalk into town. I prefer to get my information from watchin', not askin'.
C) Get back on the ferry and leave the island. Can't quite put my finger on what, but somethin' just don't seem right here. Feels like there's somethin' I'm forgettin'.
D) ???

>>
No. 940264 ID: 0fae41

C get out get out get out
B.
>>
No. 940265 ID: d91ef0

>>940263
B.
>>
No. 940271 ID: 5fc3a0

>>940263
B. You already know about the Firepit Inn as a potential place to stay for the night, scoping out the town will probably be more fruitful than some place for weenie tourists. Plus, that toucan that just supremely owned you would likely be there.
>>
No. 940272 ID: ad51b8

B
>>
No. 940273 ID: 7fb87a

>>940263
B.
If some kinda investigator shows up they're gonna chat up the visitor's center first
>>
No. 940274 ID: 1774cd

>>940263
A. Check out the visitors shop. A refresher before ya check things out in person.
>>
No. 940276 ID: 2df440

B
>>
No. 940281 ID: 11f77a

I choose A) to grab an island map pronto. I feel that would be very important in the long run. You don't even need to talk to anybody. There's probably a pamphlet holder in the vestibule for the tourists—and they're free to yank.

THEN you can just, well, move on to option B) and get the scope the town. Mark interesting things on your map.
>>
No. 940285 ID: 58ee15

C) Because we know that a mysterious force is going to prevent you from leaving.
>>
No. 940294 ID: 2df440

>>940281
can i change my vote to agree with this? this makes sense.
>>
No. 940298 ID: 91ee5f

>>940281
This.
>>
No. 940300 ID: 58ee15

>>940285
I'm also against A because you don't want your face to be seen here. The visitor's center would be the most obvious place to start for anyone following you.
>>
No. 940352 ID: eeb7d9

B
You have the streets right? You know where to look. Go around, see what you find.
>>
No. 940400 ID: 3a3c64

>>940281
Agreed; Start with A. Go ahead and swipe a map then check it to see how things may have changed since last time you were here. Then begin your tour of the place, keeping an eye out for where the other passengers &/or residents may have gone. Keeping tabs on where the most traffic is should help identify any tails or targets.
>>
No. 940422 ID: e05234

>>940281
This is a good blend of both A and B and makes the most sense, I'll support it.
>>
No. 940446 ID: 599e1d

You know what? C. Because i want to know what would happen.
>>
No. 940457 ID: 1f937b

>>940263
B
>>
No. 940654 ID: 15a025

B.
>>
No. 943567 ID: 891b91
File 156672437234.png - (307.22KB , 800x800 , 1-006-1.png )
943567

I almost duck inside the shack, thinkin' I could use a map or somethin' -- but nah. Bad idea. If I'm bein' tailed, visitor's center'll be the first place they check, 'n no doubt the clerk is some asshole who'll fess up that he saw me the moment they show 'im my photo.

Fuggit. I can find my way around here, ain't like the island's huge or nothin', 'n I got my memories from when I was a kid to go off of. I head down the path a bit 'n climb up one of those big dunes to get a good view of the town. Smack dab in the middle is this weird fuckin' building, no clue what that is. Looks like that might be a store or two to the left of it... behind that I recognize the Firepit Inn. Way behind it I think I see the canals and the pier... I think I remember there bein' a little bar and grill there? Somewhere around here there should be some kinda seafood joint too, but I don't see it. Off to the right there's a buncha cottages on stilts and what I'm gonna assume is an apartment building. There's a rocky slope leading up to the left of me, and I think I can see some kinda house at the top.

I need a place to stay, clothes 'n supplies, and a way to make a lil' extra cash. Gettin' kinda hungry too. Just gotta figure out what I'm gonna get first, 'n where to look.
>>
No. 943568 ID: 322af8

Might as well see what that new unknown building is. Might have work for you there.
>>
No. 943571 ID: 18f1c5

The cottages seem too out in the open to break in during daytime. The two other prospective destinations would be the weird building and the house on the hill.

I think the house on the hill is remote enough to warrant checking out first.
>>
No. 943586 ID: eeb7d9

Hey, you know how to open doors right? You can make a job out of that. You can be a locksmith as a cover.
>>
No. 943592 ID: ce39da

>>943586
That doesn't seem like an entry-level job, and starting your own business might garner some unwanted attention.

The large mystery building might be a community building. Might be a good place to get the lay of the town without being as obvious as a visitor's center.
>>
No. 943669 ID: 4f51b2

>>943567
Go eat, maybe we can steal something from some clueless fool.
>>
No. 944045 ID: 15a025

Stores might not be the most safe place to head into either. Bar might be someplace better for when we can afford to hand out a little hush money.

Let's scope out that mystery building for now.
>>
No. 944772 ID: 32b5ec

Mmmmmmystery building!
>>
No. 946178 ID: 891b91
File 156991079675.png - (276.96KB , 800x800 , 1-007-1.png )
946178

That huge-ass building's buggin' the crap outta me. What the hell is it, and why's it only got windows at the bottom? Guess I might as well try to find out.

>Hey, you know how to open doors right? You can make a job out of that. You can be a locksmith as a cover.
>That doesn't seem like an entry-level job, and starting your own business might garner some unwanted attention.
You don't get far doin' what I do without knowin' how to jimmy open a lock or two -- shame I didn't bring my picks with me. Still, if they need a locksmith 'round here they prolly either already got one on the island or just call one in from the mainland. Doubt there's much chance of there being an opportunity like that for me -- but I'll keep my ear to the ground all the same, if only 'cause I might could nick somethin' while on a job.

Speakin' of skills, I know a thing or two about bein' a mechanic -- don't think they have any cars or trucks here, but maybe there's a boat here that needs tunin' up. Could prolly parlay that into a job if the opportunity comes up.

It ain't any clearer up close what this place is. There's this big sign above the door in the shape of some kind of symbol, but there ain't any words on it.

A) Head on inside. Should be pretty easy to figure it out once I'm in there.
B) Ask the broad by the door. She prolly works here, after all.
C) Go somewhere else. I get a funny feelin' like I oughta steer clear of this place.
D) ???

>>
No. 946179 ID: b1b4f3

>>946178
B.
>>
No. 946182 ID: 2df440

B fer broad
>>
No. 946187 ID: 466f96

>>946178
B for Board. Clever. Choose B.
>>
No. 946189 ID: eeb7d9

B
>>
No. 946194 ID: 9aaeef

>>946178
B
>>
No. 946199 ID: 11f77a

I say go with B. Keep networking!
>>
No. 946201 ID: ce39da

D: Wait for her to leave, and look at the informative-looking sign she was blocking.
>>
No. 946209 ID: c0e130

>>946178
B
>>
No. 946218 ID: 81cd19

B because girls with glasses are easy to Bump into and inspect their Belongings.
>>
No. 946516 ID: f5a3f7

>>946178
B for bbrdvark.
>>
No. 946594 ID: 15a025

B
>>
No. 947080 ID: 891b91
File 157105014123.png - (193.92KB , 800x800 , 1-008-1.png )
947080

Can't hurt to ask her about it. Dunno how long I'm gonna be stuck here, anyway, so I might as well try to ingratiate myself with the locals.

"Hey, 'scuse me..."

"Oh! Well hey there!" She looks at me all squinty-eyed for a second, then gets a big grin on her face. "Saaaaay, you're a dingbatter, ain'tcha?"

The fuck is that supposed to mean? "A dingbatter?"

"You know, someone from off-island."

"...Uh, yeah."

"I knew it! Didn't think I'd seen you 'round before. How you likin' the island so far?"

"Only just got here, actually. I was wonderin' what this building here is."

"Oh, this is the Tabernacle! It's like a town hall -- it's got the mayor's office, the police station, the island press, the post office... even the chapel's in there! There ain't much room on the island, so it's kinda handy to have all that stuff under one roof, don'tcha think?"

>B because girls with glasses are easy to Bump into and inspect their Belongings.
Doesn't seem like she's got much on 'er right now. Prolly got a purse inside the building.

A) Keep talking to her.
>Choose up to two subjects:
>1) Ask her about the building's construction. Why's it so tall? Why are there only windows on the first floor?
>2) Ask her about the symbol above the door. Looks kinda like Mickey Mouse, come to think of it.
>3) Ask her where I could find some work. She might know about someone who's lookin' for a handyman or somethin'.
>4) Ask her about where I could stay. Preferably on the cheap.
>5) Ask her about where to get some grub. Got a feelin' my choices are gonna be between seafood and seafood, but it might be worth askin' anyway.
>6*) Flirt with her. Not feelin' too sure of myself after strikin' out with that toucan, but this one at least seems like she ain't stinko.
>7) ???

B) Thank her 'n head inside. Might be able to get some good leads in there, even if I don't much like bein' that close to the cops.
C) Thank her 'n leave for somewhere else. (Please specify)
D) ???

>>
No. 947081 ID: ad51b8

>A) Keep talking to her.
>4) Ask her about where I could stay. Preferably on the cheap.
>5) Ask her about where to get some grub. Got a feelin' my choices are gonna be between seafood and seafood, but it might be worth askin' anyway.

figure keep it to simple, tourist-y questions until we get a better idea of her character.
>>
No. 947082 ID: 2df440

>>947081
This; also flirt with her because why not?
>>
No. 947090 ID: 11f77a

Looks like this lady works here considering the notice board she's setting up. So we could always return for her at a later time to flirt or ask for further help.

As of now, ask where to stay and ask where to find some work
>>
No. 947091 ID: ce39da

A place to stay and the strange symbol.
>>
No. 947098 ID: e7c7d3

A.) >2) Look, it's a small, isolated community. Gotta make sure you're not going have to deal with some cult that sacrifices outsiders in wickermen or something.
3) Get some work so you can pay for grub and lodgings
>>
No. 947100 ID: 322af8

A)
4) Stay (preferably cheap)
6) Flirt. You never know, might fix the place to stay problem.

Either way a roof over our heads will be needed so lets try to knock that one out.
>>
No. 947107 ID: 4f51b2

>>947080
Ask her about a cheap place to stay and if she is looking for a handyman, flirt with her too.
>>
No. 947147 ID: 1cd489

>>947080
2, 4
>>
No. 947160 ID: 19da47

4 then 6
>>
No. 947437 ID: 15a025

A: 2 & 4.
>>
No. 947682 ID: 891b91

Apologies for the update-less bump, but I'd like to get as much input as I can on this: >>/questdis/131253
>>
No. 947869 ID: 0fae41

6 or B.
>>
No. 949529 ID: 9e04c9

A2 - Ask her if it's a company logo or something
A7 - Ask her what she's reading on the wall
>>
No. 956914 ID: 891b91
File 158228707746.png - (156.51KB , 800x800 , 1-009-1.png )
956914

"Yeah, I guess that does sound pretty handy." And also pretty weird. "So I was gonna ask -- you know where I can get a room on the cheap?"

"Oh! Well, dingbatters usually stay at the Firepit. Some of us island folks stay there too! Not enough houses, y'know."

"Anywhere else?"

"Just the one! The island's pretty small, after all."

Why the fuck does a beach town like this have only one joint to get a room at?
>>
No. 956915 ID: 891b91
File 158228708896.png - (122.35KB , 800x800 , 1-009-2.png )
956915

"I 'spose that makes sense. So what's the sign above the door there for, anyway? Some kinda company logo?"

"Logo? Oh! That's the town insignia! It represents community, family, and loyalty, and how those things are tied together. But I always thought it kinda looked like a mouse, you know?"

I guess I see it if I squint my eyes while lookin' at it. "Huh. Yeah, it kinda does."

>Flirt with her.
I start to say the first thing that comes to mind, but then I think back to that toucan bitch. Hmm. Maybe I oughta give this a lil' thought first.

A) Compliment her hair. The fuck is that haircut called again? Beats me, but she looks pretty cute with it that way.
B) Compliment her glasses. Some chicks can pull off the four-eyes look pretty good. She's one of 'em.
C) Compliment her dress. Ain't nothin' special, but it also ain't trashy. Wholesome, even.
D) Compliment her figure. She looks like she takes care of herself, prolly feels at least a lil' bit proud of it.
E*) Proposition her. Some chicks like the direct route. Won't be rude 'bout it, of course, but I'll just lay it all out on the table -- no bullshit.

>>
No. 956916 ID: 2aa5f0

A
>>
No. 956917 ID: cdabe3

Hmmm either a or b
>>
No. 956919 ID: 9876c4

How do you not pick B?
>>
No. 956920 ID: 4286b4

A - Tell to her how it reminds you of <someone>. Then gesture that you'd like to stroke it or something.
>>
No. 956923 ID: 13059a

>>956915
Combination of C and D.
Something like how the dress really complements her figure.
>>
No. 956939 ID: 11f77a

I'd go with B. You wouldn't want to go too far--and since it's a small town you wouldn't want word to spread fast that you're some kind of creep.
>>
No. 956948 ID: ce39da

She's probably self-conscious about her glasses, and hair and figure are probably a bit too forward for her - she seems the type to shy away at the slightest provocation, so going for a direct proposition is likely to backfire horribly and be terrible for everyone involved.

C: Compliment her fashion sense and sensibility. A compliment that highlights her shy wholesomeness without pointing out anything she'd be ashamed of is probably the way to go.
>>
No. 956994 ID: 4f51b2

>>956915
B) She looks cute with those glasses.
>>
No. 957081 ID: ee7136

F COMPLIMENT THOSE EARS
>>
No. 957090 ID: 015bf2

>>957081
Them's some mighty fine ears, yeah.
>>
No. 957103 ID: 15a025

B.
>>
No. 957678 ID: f90cd0

A
>>
No. 957707 ID: 3986df

A or B sound good.
>>
No. 959013 ID: e3a8fc

B
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason