[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
In memory of Flyin' Black Jackson
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 149500709209.png - (234.27KB , 500x500 , cover.png )
802475 No. 802475 ID: 76d689

Your phone just died.

Sinners' Wood is a horror quest. It is likely to cover sensitive topics such as: body horror, gore, death, bullying, torture, and suicide. It will deal with themes such as religion, redemption, forgiveness, and whether people are capable of changing. It will not contain jump scares or sexual content. Good luck.
Expand all images
>>
No. 802476 ID: 76d689
File 149500713884.png - (163.50KB , 500x500 , 1.png )
802476

You wince as the flashlight app suddenly shuts off and you are left to adjust to the darkness. You can hear your friends groan behind you.

"Well that's just great," Amos says under his breath. "I don't suppose anyone else has any charge left."

"Nope," Aliya replies, shrugging. You're not actually sure how she can see anything through her sunglasses, but she seems to be managing.

"Uh-uh," Heather mutters, her hands shoved deep in her pockets. "I left mine at the motel."
>>
No. 802477 ID: 76d689
File 149500717564.png - (124.73KB , 500x500 , 2.png )
802477

You stop walking and take a deep breath. Okay. There's no need to panic. You just need to stop and take stock of your situation.

Your name is Min Zhu. You're currently lost in the middle of the woods with three of your friends: Heather Osborne, Aliya Taylor, and Amos Beck. Your phone is dead, so you no longer have any contact with the outside world or means of navigation. The last time you checked, it was nearing midnight. The path abruptly stopped about a half a mile back, so you have no means of retracing your steps. And on top of all that, it's goddamn freezing now that the sun is down.

What will you do?
>>
No. 802478 ID: af48de

none of you brought any supplies? why are you walking in the woods anyway?
>>
No. 802480 ID: 70983e

Out of the corner of your eye, you'll spot him:

Shia LeBeouf.
>>
No. 802481 ID: edc15f

eat a pinecone
>>
No. 802482 ID: 4aa0ac

Shit on the desk and squawk like an idiot.
>>
No. 802483 ID: edc15f

>>802481
honest suggestion: ask your friends if they have any survival skills at all
>>
No. 802485 ID: 3ce125

How did you even get in this situation? I mean, a reasonable person would have turned around half a mile ago, or brought a real flashlight. Or camping supplies.

Or not gone wandering around in the woods after dark.
>>
No. 802496 ID: af6e04

Hold hands to ensure nobody gets lost. Find kindling, start a fire, stay by the fire until morning.
>>
No. 802497 ID: 393ae0

>>802480
Follow the group from about thirty feet back. Then get down on all fours and break into the sprint.
>>
No. 802519 ID: 15a025

Why are you in the woods anyway?
>>
No. 802528 ID: 50613f

Does anybody else besides your friends know that you are in the woods?
>>
No. 802657 ID: 76d689
File 149507639276.png - (139.75KB , 500x500 , 3.png )
802657

>How did you even get in this situation? I mean, a reasonable person would have turned around half a mile ago, or brought a real flashlight. Or camping supplies. Or not gone wandering around in the woods after dark.

Honestly, you wish the answer was less stupid than the question makes it seem. But mostly, you're just here because your friends are assholes.

The four of you came to this touristy New Hampshire town over spring break. Aliya met some asshole in a bar near the motel who claimed that there was a section of the woods near the lake that was haunted, or cursed, or something. There's supposed to be an abandoned summer camp out here somewhere. You don't know why it got shut down, and honestly, you doubt it's important. You can't even find the place. Anyway, the guy in the bar claimed that people wandered into the campground and that only the "pure of heart" returned.

You're fairly sure that guy what hopped up on something other than alcohol. It was Aliya who dared you all to sneak out there. The others went along with it, and suddenly you were out here, wandering around without a plan or any supplies. You get some small satisfaction from knowing you were against this from the start.

>Does anybody else besides your friends know that you are in the woods?

No, because you're an idiot. That's not sarcasm. You guess the guy at the bar knows, but you're not holding out any hope.

>Out of the corner of your eye, you'll spot him: Shia LeBeouf.

Unfortunately, the humor of this situation does not escape you.
>>
No. 802658 ID: 76d689
File 149507641917.png - (159.50KB , 500x500 , 4.png )
802658

>honest suggestion: ask your friends if they have any survival skills at all

"So," you say, awkwardly breaking the silence. "I don't suppose any of you has any survival skills."

"I was a Girl Scout," Heather offers, "but that was a long time ago. I think I might still remember...some things."

That doesn't instill a lot of confidence.

"Okay," you say, trying to ignore your stomach churning. "We should hold hands so nobody gets lost. Heather, of you can build a fire, we can stay by it until morning."

"What is this, preschool?" Aliya mocks, shoving past you. "Fuckin' pansy."

"Where are you going?" you demand. "You should stay with the group. If you get lost-"

"I'm going to find kindling," she interrupts. "You can help or you can leave me be, but nobody died and made you king, Min."

And she slips into the darkness. You make an effort to catch up, but she's faster than you gave her credit for. You can't seem to find her in the pitch black. Now you're in a situation. You could run after Aliya and try to bring her back, but she won't take well to that and you don't know what you could be rushing into. But if you just let her wander off...

What will you do?
>>
No. 802660 ID: 3ce125

Always stick with the main group. You tried to get her to stick together, don't get yourself lost on her account.

She's probably secretly a witch or something, anyway, and will sneak back to try to kill you one by one.
>>
No. 802668 ID: 143250

Unfortunately, we must stay with the group.
>>
No. 802674 ID: 70983e

If you turn on your friends first, they can't turn on you! It's genius! Go after Aliya and take her out.
>>
No. 802691 ID: 50613f

Oy gir! So, let me get this straight, Aliya was the one that talked to that asshole in a bar near the motel who claimed that there was a section of the woods near the lake that was haunted. After which she had the brilliant idea to go in the woods in the first place and now is separating from the group. Call me paranoid but this more and more looks like that she is either stringing you all along to be killed or worse. Or worst scenario she is really that dumb and has no concept of self preservation. Meaning that the asshole in a bar near the motel might be following you and is planning to do something to you all. My question is this, did you saw that guy that Aliya was talking to and heard all that stuff from him, or did she just told you that she heard all that stuff from him? I know that this might be a small detail but is crucial in whether you should trust your friend or be afraid of her.
>>
No. 802692 ID: 50613f

But whatever happens, under any case you shouldn't do this
https://memegenerator.net/instance/46110921/scooby-doo-gang-lets-split-up-gang
>>
No. 802693 ID: 143250

>>802668
Adding in to my post here, maybe suggest the group to follow her?
>>
No. 802696 ID: 50613f

Oh hello, you are part of this quest as well.
>>
No. 802771 ID: d36af7

She's either going to come back with kindling, or not. Nobody else wander off. Sit down, have everybody huddle up together to conserve warmth. Hands in your armpits whenever you're not using 'em, and pull your shirt up over your nose and mouth so you're not losing so much heat just by breathing. Next, start checking inventory. Pockets first, then anything within arm's reach on the ground. Dry leaves, pine needles, moss, all that kind of thing can be helpful for fire-starting, or at least insulation.
>>
No. 802779 ID: 3abd97

>touristy New Hampshire town
Oh hey, hello home turf.

>lost hiking after dark with no supplies
This happens all the time. Fish and Game has had to rescue a record number of hikers this year, well over a hundred, and it's only May!

(And for added fun, you're liable for the costs of your own search and rescue if you didn't get a hike safe card in advance).

>>Does anybody else besides your friends know that you are in the woods?
>No, because you're an idiot. That's not sarcasm. You guess the guy at the bar knows, but you're not holding out any hope.
Do you have any friends or family in the area who are touristing with you, who will notice you're missing and report it in a timely manner? Or is everyone far away and it's not till the missed phone calls go unanswered for a few days that anyone starts looking?

>what do
Buddy system for getting kindling would have been better. Running after her is a bad idea, though. That just means two people get hurt or lost.

If/when she comes back, frame it differently. Don't make it about her going out on her own (challenge to her freedom, capability) make it about her leaving you alone. Not that you're trying to control her, that you all need her.

Stay put, get that fire started. The light might help her find her way back, and if not, it'll give you something to search by.
>>
No. 805392 ID: 76d689
File 149631163804.png - (138.49KB , 500x500 , 5.png )
805392

>Oy gir!

You're not a girl. Or, uh. A "gir."

>So, let me get this straight, Aliya was the one that talked to that asshole in a bar near the motel who claimed that there was a section of the woods near the lake that was haunted. After which she had the brilliant idea to go in the woods in the first place and now is separating from the group. Call me paranoid but this more and more looks like that she is either stringing you all along to be killed or worse. Or worst scenario she is really that dumb and has no concept of self preservation. Meaning that the asshole in a bar near the motel might be following you and is planning to do something to you all. My question is this, did you saw that guy that Aliya was talking to and heard all that stuff from him, or did she just told you that she heard all that stuff from him? I know that this might be a small detail but is crucial in whether you should trust your friend or be afraid of her.

Uh...yeah, you think you caught a glimpse of the guy, but you didn't actually see them have the conversation. But...you don't THINK Aliya is responsible for this mess, at least not consciously. You know Aliya. She might be, well, a bitch, but she would never actually want to harm you.

...Right?

>Do you have any friends or family in the area who are touristing with you, who will notice you're missing and report it in a timely manner? Or is everyone far away and it's not till the missed phone calls go unanswered for a few days that anyone starts looking?

Nope. Unfortunately, the closest family member to all of you is your mother in Pennsylvania. And, well, she's used to you not answering your calls.
>>
No. 805393 ID: 76d689
File 149631168304.png - (134.40KB , 500x500 , 6.png )
805393

>Stay put, get that fire started. The light might help her find her way back, and if not, it'll give you something to search by.

"We should probably stay put," you say hesitantly. "That way if Aliya wants to pull her head out of her ass, she can find us again. Heather, where would be the best place to build a fire?"

"Somewhere with fewer trees," Heather replies. You don't know why, but she seems a little more confident now. "We'll want to clear out all the pine needles and leaves, and build a ring of stones to keep it contained."

Amos points to a spot. You can barely see it in the dark, but once your eyes adjust, it seems to work.
>>
No. 805394 ID: 76d689
File 149631173182.png - (196.52KB , 500x500 , 7.png )
805394

It doesn't take long for you to prepare the campsite. Heather and Amos even manage to lug over some bigger stones to serve as benches. You don't know, but if you had to hazard a guess, it's been about a half hour. Still no Aliya. You decide, reluctantly, to build the fire without her. That takes about fifteen more minutes, but soon you have a modest campfire in front of you.

"Should we be worried about Aliya?" Amos says quietly. His voice is missing his usual snark. "It's been a while."

"I'm sure she's fine," you say diplomatically, holding your hands up to the fire to warm them. You're not sure how much you believe your own words, but whatever.

"Who cares?" says Heather bitterly, striking a match and lighting a cigarette. "She runs off on her own? She can deal with the consequences."

"Heather," says Amos, placing a hand on her shoulder. Heather winces.

You hear the sound of dry wood snapping under a heavy foot. It can't be more than ten or twenty feet from your camp. Your breath freezes in your throat, and the three of you exchange a wary look. Now, from somewhere behind you, you can hear the faint but recognizable sound of someone breathing slow, heavy breaths.

What will you do?
>>
No. 805395 ID: c1eaac

Make a friend triangle - one of you watches each angle of the tree line - and call out to whoever's there. It's probably an animal or something, but better safe than sorry. Get ready to book it in case it's a bear!
>>
No. 805397 ID: d36af7

Tell Aliya where to pile up whatever kindling she gathered (can't just throw it all on the fire at once, you need a heat source steady enough to last all night), ask what took so long, hesitantly mention that you were starting to get worried?

Alternatively, if it's not actually her, but rather a big burly jerk with a hockey mask and a hook for a hand, you should all immediately panic and scatter, then spend the next few hours being hunted down and horribly murdered.

Wait, no. That's not a very good contingency plan. Do the opposite of that.
>>
No. 805403 ID: be0718

Push Heather's face into the fire. Pranked, bro!
>>
No. 805405 ID: 4aa0ac

You have a fire, get a torch and defend yourself if it comes to blows
>>
No. 805413 ID: 1e3a4f

I was referring to Gir from invader Zim. Because you describe yourself as an idiot.

http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/184864-invader-zim

Anyways because the rest have better ideas about your current situation. I have
one question, what do you think about us, the voices that instruct you. Are we your inner monologue, imaginary friends, ghosts or something else?
>>
No. 806108 ID: 76d689

This quest now has a disthread here: https://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/112220.html along with a quick explanation and question about the short-term future of this quest. Please weigh in if you have the time.
>>
No. 806110 ID: 76d689

oops that last post was me
>>
No. 812104 ID: 62cf72
File 149905999902.png - (155.89KB , 500x500 , 8.png )
812104

>Make a friend triangle - one of you watches each angle of the tree line - and call out to whoever's there. It's probably an animal or something, but better safe than sorry. Get ready to book it in case it's a bear!

You tell Heather and Amos to do this in a hushed voice. Neither of them seems inclined to argue with you right now.

"Hello?" you call, trying to keep your voice from shaking.

>Tell Aliya where to pile up whatever kindling she gathered (can't just throw it all on the fire at once, you need a heat source steady enough to last all night), ask what took so long, hesitantly mention that you were starting to get worried?

"Aliya?" you continue. "Is that you? What took so long?"

No response, except for more breathing: the sounds of someone raking in strained gasps and groans. A crack rings out- like dry wood snapping.
>>
No. 812105 ID: 62cf72
File 149906005012.png - (126.99KB , 500x500 , 9.png )
812105

>You have a fire, get a torch and defend yourself if it comes to blows

You grab a large stick off the ground and light the end in the campfire. It takes composure not to shy away from the fire so close to your hand.

"Whoever you are," you say nervously, "You better come out where I can see you! I-I'm armed!"

For a moment or two, there is no response. Then, whatever the thing in the woods is inhales shakily, and you hear another loud crack. This time, you're ready.

You lunge into the shadows, holding the torch above your head like a club. Your hand makes contact with something made of fabric, although you can't see what you're doing in the confusion. You barrel into another figure, bent over towards the forest floor and together, the two of you topple to the ground. It takes a moment to get your bearings, but eventually, by the flickering torchlight, you catch sight of the person who you've pinned to the ground.
>>
No. 812107 ID: 62cf72
File 149906008521.png - (135.17KB , 500x500 , 10.png )
812107

"Min," Aliya gasps, still struggling to catch her breath. "What- the fuck?"

"Aliya?!" you reply in disbelief. "You fucking dumbass! Why didn't you answer me when I asked if it was you? I could have killed you!"

"Don't...flatter yourself," she says, smirking. "And I was...fuckin'...trying to catch my breath. It's not my fault you watch too many horror movies."

As you glance around, one thing becomes increasingly clear to you: Aliya has not brought back any kindling. You glare at her.

"You ran off alone in the dark woods we're lost in, and you didn't even have the common decency to do the thing you said you were going to do?"

"Well, I was...getting to that," Aliya puffs, "but it would be easier...to breathe...if you got off of me."

You can feel your face burning. Whatever. You get to your feet and brush yourself off. For a moment, Aliya seems to expect you to offer her a hand, and when you don't, she pushes herself into a seated position. A rustling behind you alerts you to Heather and Amos joining you.

"Why didn't you bring the kindling?" Heather asks coldly, glaring down at Aliya.

"I got a little distracted," Aliya replies. "Because, no thanks to you guys...I found it."

"Camp Beloved?" Amos asks.

"Yeah," she replies, gesturing in the direction she came from. "It's not even five minutes' walk that way. We gotta go, right? It's what we came for."
>>
No. 812454 ID: 3abd97

Some kind of shelter would probably be a better place to stay till daylight, even if it means leaving your fire behind.

No one run off alone this time, please?

Might want to take a torch with you. If we are leaving the fire, the responsible thing to do is to put it out first. (Bury it, probably).
>>
No. 813042 ID: 62cf72
File 149928020271.png - (233.27KB , 500x500 , 11.png )
813042

>Some kind of shelter would probably be a better place to stay till daylight, even if it means leaving your fire behind.
>Might want to take a torch with you. If we are leaving the fire, the responsible thing to do is to put it out first. (Bury it, probably).

"Aliya is right," you say. "In any case, if we actually find it, there'll be some buildings we can hang out in until morning. Some shelter is better than no shelter."

"I don't know about this," Amos says, although he does light a torch of his own. "Don't you think it would be better to stay where we are? It'll be easier to get lost at night, and rescuers can find us better in the morning if we stay put. That's just basic survival."

You hear the sound of a wolf howling. It sounds suspiciously close to your camp. You all freeze up for a moment. When you're sure you're not about to be attacked, you level a deadpan look at Amos.

"I see your point."
>>
No. 813043 ID: 62cf72
File 149928025292.png - (139.02KB , 500x500 , 12.png )
813043

After putting out the fire as responsibly as you can given the circumstances, you set off into the woods. You, Amos, and Heather all have torches. Aliya has decided not to bring one.

"Okay," Amos grumbles. "This is great. Just heading straight to the presumably haunted abandoned campsite. This isn't the folly of everyone in any horror movie ever, or anything like that."

"Come on," Heather jokes nervously, playfully nudging Amos in the ribs. "You don't really believe that crap, do you? 'Only the pure of heart shall return from the haunted halls of Camp Beloved.' What a crock."

"It's not," says Aliya from up ahead. "It's true. I'm sure of it."

Heather and Amos both turn to look at you, eyebrows raised. You shrug. Aliya seems to pick up on your silence and turns back to look at you.
>>
No. 813046 ID: 62cf72
File 149928033164.png - (174.12KB , 500x500 , 13.png )
813046

"What?"

"Aliya," Heather points out nervously. "Your nose is bleeding." She rummages in her pockets and hands Aliya a portable pack of tissues.

"Is it?" Aliya asks lightly. "Weird. Thanks."

Something doesn't feel right. You can't put your finger on it, but you suddenly have a very bad feeling about continuing towards the camp. But then again, you were right before too. Staying out in the open all night is just asking to get attacked by some wild animal.

What will you do?
>>
No. 813056 ID: c1eaac

Aliya...what exactly did you see when you found the camp?
>>
No. 814004 ID: 09b125

Bleeding nose is usually the start for the bad thing to continue. How are you feeling. It might be better if you lay down until the bleeding stops
>>
No. 829921 ID: 62cf72
File 150517334317.png - (139.96KB , 500x500 , 14.png )
829921

>Bleeding nose is usually the start for the bad thing to continue. How are you feeling. It might be better if you lay down until the bleeding stops

"Aliya," you say cautiously. "That doesn't look good. You should sit down until it stops bleeding."

"It's fine, Min," she says flippantly. "We need to keep moving. We need to go there."

>Aliya...what exactly did you see when you found the camp?

"Why?" you ask, speedwalking to catch up with her. "Aliya, why do we need to go? What did you find there?"

She doesn't answer.

"Aliya?" you ask again. "Aliya, what's at Camp Beloved?"

Aliya picks up her pace, acting as though you never spoke.
>>
No. 829922 ID: 62cf72
File 150517338549.png - (164.65KB , 500x500 , 15.png )
829922

"Aliya!" Amos shouts impatiently. He moves forward and grabs her tightly by the wrist. Aliya halts for a moment.

"Unhand me," she says quietly.

"Unhand you?" Amos echoes. "Aliya, you're being... REALLY weird. It's starting to freak me the fuck out."

Aliya says nothing to that, but in that moment, you realize what exactly it is that's been bothering you this whole time.

Since she came back to the campfire, Aliya has never once stopped smiling.
>>
No. 829923 ID: 62cf72
File 150517341582.png - (123.08KB , 500x500 , 16.png )
829923

Aliya tries and fails to elbow Amos in the stomach to get him off her. He kicks her in the back of the leg and she falls to her knees, her sunglasses falling off and burying themselves in the brush.

"Amos!" Heather yelps, grabbing him by the shoulder. "What are you doing?"

"Look at her eyes," he replies, voice shaking.

Aliya looks up at you with pale golden eyes. The area is dark, but you can see her eyes plain as day. Because they're glowing. It almost looks like a trick of the light, but Aliya's eyes are glowing.

"Min," she pleads, tears forming at the corner of her eyes, but her smile does not slip. "Get him off of me. Please. We have to go. We have to go there."

What will you do?
>>
No. 829925 ID: c1eaac

Quick, ask her something only the real Aliya would know!
>>
No. 829930 ID: 4fc114

Hmmm glowing eyes, has there been an incident where that kind of anomaly was reported of occurring? Or maybe some urban legends about something similar?

As for what you should do, get the stick from the fire and use it as self defense, if she continues coming closer to you. She looks creepy and who knows what this might be, ghost possession, demonic rituals, alien abduction, she getting controlled by a spell or getting bitten by a radioactive clown
>>
No. 829933 ID: 3ce125

Don't burn her, she's already restrained. She needs to be restrained further so you can attempt to get her out of the woods and away from whatever took over her mind, once day breaks and you can avoid getting lost.

Is anyone in your group truly pure of heart? That's another alternative- if you've got someone pure of heart they can go to Camp Beloved on their own and figure out how to end the supernatural threat.
>>
No. 829970 ID: 65dabf

Okay, now it's a bit late to go back, where the wolf is, because everyone knows that wolves do not go alone, so, against all my common sense, we have no other choise but to go to this place , but meanwhile, we need to establish moral codes, to be all "pure of heart." As for Aliya, reduce her as best as we can, but let her guide us to the camp.
>>
No. 829979 ID: 3ce125

>>829970
Changing your behavior does not make you pure of heart. Also there are occasionally lone wolves. Plus wolves are generally not aggressive towards humans, especially not groups of humans.
>>
No. 829991 ID: 65dabf

Then i am out of ideas :/ BUT i am realy sure we shud go to the camp.
>>
No. 830730 ID: bd5c42
File 150550624282.gif - (607.49KB , 500x500 , 17.gif )
830730

[Animated]
>Is anyone in your group truly pure of heart?

A half-full glass of wine, staining expensive white carpet. A limp hand. A hospital room. Tears on a familiar face.

If anyone is, it's not you.
>>
No. 830731 ID: bd5c42
File 150550629490.png - (175.70KB , 500x500 , 18.png )
830731

"Get off of her, Amos," Heather snaps, pulling Amos off of Aliya. Aliya stumbles and falls.

"Heather," Amos chokes, gesturing wildly, "did you not see-"

"Unbelievable," Heather spits. "After all this time of you getting on my case so we don't do this shit again, all it takes is ONE hit and you're wrestling one of our best friends to the ground-"

"Heather," he interjects, eyes darting around nervously.

"So you're allowed to get violent now, but I'm not, because the truth is that you trust YOURSELF not to cross that line but god forbid Heather says something rude because she might M-"

"Heather!"
>>
No. 830732 ID: bd5c42
File 150550636561.png - (157.85KB , 500x500 , 19.png )
830732

Heather finally tears her glare away from Amos and catches you, looking utterly bemused, and Aliya, who has finally struggled back to her feet, smiling still.

"So," you choke. "I'm guessing that means that neither of you are pure of heart, huh?"

"Min," Heather says quietly. "I didn't mean- that wasn't what it sounded like."

"Don't care," you say through your teeth. "Doesn't matter right now. I'm just interested in not dying in the woods tonight."

"We need to get Aliya out of here," says Amos gruffly. "You can't deny that this place is fucking with her head. Maybe if we get back to town, we can get someone to help her."

Aliya grins, the light from her eyes still flickering off her skin.

"You want to help me?" she says, almost singsong in tone. "Take me there. It's the only place that can save me. That can save all of us." She turns her gaze to you and takes a few steps forward. You hold your torch up warningly and she halts in her path.

"You must think we're off our fucking-" Heather starts, but you cut her off.

"Okay," you say, probably sounding a lot more confident than you feel. Amos and Heather both turn, dumbfounded, to look at you. Aliya's grin widens. You swallow.

"I'm sorry, I know this is- I know it's crazy. But if we try to make it back to town tonight, we're going to get lost, and wolves could be the least of our problems. The only person who does know where she's going is Aliya. I don't know who- or what- is at the camp, but it has to be our best bet."

You regret this almost as soon as it leaves your mouth, but there's no going back on it now. You stare wordlessly at Heather and Amos as they mull over your words. Aliya doesn't wait for them to make up their minds, and she begins to walk off.

"Fine," Heather says reluctantly, speedwalking after Aliya. "This is going to get us killed, but fine."

You look pleadingly at Amos. He sighs.

"I trust you, Min," he says quietly, and the two of you follow Heather and Aliya into the woods.
>>
No. 830733 ID: bd5c42
File 150550640210.png - (157.87KB , 500x500 , 20.png )
830733

"We're lucky," Aliya says breezily as you round the last corner in your trip. "We were almost there, anyway."

And there it is. Crafted out of two upright logs and a long plank across it is the old, worn gate of Camp Beloved. You can still see where the original name was carved into it and painted in bright green, although the paint is peeling now. Beyond the gate, a path seems to appear out of nowhere, although the pavement is cracked and plants are coming up from underneath. In the distance, you can barely make out the outline of buildings through the mist. But you don't pay much attention to that right now. Because what you're looking at is the phrase, scrawled in what you can only hope is red paint, over the name on the gates to the camp.

SINNERS' WOOD.

"Shhhhit," you hiss under your breath. "Aliya, you could have mentioned this."

Your words seem to disappear into the thick fog around you. No response comes.

"Hello?" you ask irritably, glancing over your shoulder, but the question catches in your throat as behind you, you're greeted only with more fog.

You don't know how this is possible, but you're alone.
>>
No. 830734 ID: bd5c42
File 150550644134.png - (170.69KB , 500x500 , 21.png )
830734

CHARACTER SELECT SCREEN.
|Aliya| |Heather| |Amos| |Min|
PLEASE SELECT A NEW CHARACTER.
>>
No. 830736 ID: c1eaac

We can be Aliya? Let's be Aliya.
>>
No. 830737 ID: 65dabf

And now, the true test begins begins. Old fast, or expire. I say we go with Amos, he seems to have his head on his shoulders.
>>
No. 830739 ID: 4fc114

I vote for Heather
>>
No. 830764 ID: 60f0cc

slams the heather button on the select screen
>>
No. 831603 ID: bd5c42
File 150586416744.png - (163.19KB , 500x500 , 22.png )
831603

>Aliya: 1
>Heather: 2
>Amos: 1

You are now Heather Osborne. You're not going to lie, you try not to make a habit of freaking the fuck out. But this is pushing you pretty close. You don't think of yourself as superstitious, either, but you have to admit that the "pure of heart" stuff suddenly has you pretty nervous.

Oh, and there's the fact that suddenly, everyone is gone, and you have no idea where you are. That's a big one.

"Amos?" you call loudly, but your voice all but dissolves into the mist. "Min? Hell, Aliya?"

Predictably, silence.
>>
No. 831604 ID: bd5c42
File 150586426723.png - (143.91KB , 500x500 , 23.png )
831604

Alright. This isn't the time for wallowing. It's time to take stock of what's around you.

You wandered into this area out of a cloud of thick fog, which you assume is where you lost your friends. You are standing in front of a darkened building, which seems to be constructed out of felled logs. In a better time, this building might have been rustic, but years of wear have reduced it to a rotting mess. It looks structurally unsound.

Under your feet is a rough gravel path, made with stones of varying sizes. If this path was ever neatly defined, the years have not been kind to it, and it's quite faded in spots. The path continues past the building further into the woods, but you can't see very far because of the fog.

Speaking of the fog. It's fucking FREEZING. You've been wearing a sensible hoodie this whole time, but now the cold wind seems to cut through it like you were wearing nothing at all. Your breath is freezing in front of you. You know that nights can be cold in New England, sometimes even during summer months, but this is downright unseasonable.
>>
No. 831605 ID: bd5c42
File 150586434304.png - (180.73KB , 500x500 , 24.png )
831605

You think you hear gravel crunch behind you, but it could be a trick of the wind.

What will you do?
>>
No. 831606 ID: c1eaac

Head into the building, but turn around every now and again to make sure you aren't being followed.
>>
No. 831607 ID: 60f0cc

book it into the building and locate a weapon or a flashlight. ideally both but yknow whatever works
>>
No. 831614 ID: 4fc114

I would like to know what items do you have in your inventory
>>
No. 831624 ID: 3ce125

Look behind you.
>>
No. 832787 ID: bd5c42
File 150637332859.png - (127.09KB , 500x500 , 25.png )
832787

>I would like to know what items do you have in your inventory

On your person, you have:
*Three spare hair elastics.
*One wallet containing several credit, library, ID, and gift cards, plus the key to the motel.
*Your keys, complete with a small can of pepper spray.
*The stick you were using as a torch. It's still pretty hefty, but it seems to have burnt out in the fog.
*One cigarette pack, containing seventeen cigarettes.
*One cheap, shitty lighter.

It seems that Aliya still has your pack of tissues. Which is unfortunate, because they make okay fire-starting tools.
>>
No. 832789 ID: bd5c42
File 150637336689.png - (140.96KB , 500x500 , 26.png )
832789

>book it into the building and locate a weapon or a flashlight. ideally both but yknow whatever works
>Head into the building, but turn around every now and again to make sure you aren't being followed.
>Look behind you.

You glance behind you, but it's too dark and the fog is too thick for you to see much. However, you can still hear the gravel crunching growing closer.

The building is dark and structurally unsound, but you decide you'd rather take your chances than stay out here. You dash towards the door to the building, throw it open, and slam it shut behind you, pressing your back against the door. Everything is silent for a moment.
>>
No. 832790 ID: bd5c42
File 150637341266.png - (145.66KB , 500x500 , 27.png )
832790

Then, you feel the whole doorframe shudder as something heavy slams into the door from the other side. You're strong enough to hold it shut, for now, but you can feel the rotted-out wood of the door splinter a bit as whatever's outside slams against it once again. You can't keep this up forever.

What will you do?
>>
No. 832791 ID: 4fc114

Find something like a chair to hold the door from opening
>>
No. 832801 ID: 65dabf

Look around for something you can use!
>>
No. 843243 ID: bd5c42
File 151009102274.png - (142.55KB , 500x500 , 28.png )
843243

>Find something like a chair to hold the door from opening

Next to the door, you find an old armchair. It's moth-eaten and riddled with holes, but the frame is solid wood, and it should hold the door shut. With some effort, you drag it over in front of the door. The pounding continues, and the door continues to groan in protest, but it should hold for now, or at least long enough to give you a chance to look around.
>>
No. 843244 ID: bd5c42
File 151009106044.png - (121.76KB , 500x500 , 29.png )
843244

>Look around for something you can use!

You tune out the pounding on the door and study your surroundings.

The first floor of this building seems to be all one room. Around you, there are several armchairs like the one you used to barricade the door. The window next to you is the only one, and the glass has long since been smashed in. In front of you is an old, wooden desk with one leg broken. A dinosaur of a computer sits atop it, the monitor leaning precariously to one side. God, this thing must be from the 90's. It's practically your age. A few similarly old click pens are scattered across the ground. They probably fell off the desk when the leg broke. There's a landline phone hanging off its hook on the wall.

By the far end of the room is what looks like a small medical clinic. There are two hospital beds. A row of cabinets line the walls. On a nearby table you can see a package of adhesive bandages, a bottle of ibuprofin, a bottle of rubbing alcohol, some cotton balls that you very much doubt are still sterile, and a rust(?)-covered hunting knife.

In the corner without the clinic, there is a set of stairs leading to the second floor of the building. However, it looks like age has rotted out the wood of the steps, and most of the stairs are caved in. It would be very risky to try to go up.

Behind you, the pounding at the door seems to have stopped.

What will you do?
>>
No. 843254 ID: c1eaac

Grab the desk leg that broke off. You can light it if you need another torch later, and it'll be a good melee weapon with a slightly farther range than the knife. Let's check out the computer, too.
>>
No. 843292 ID: 65dabf

Take all the useful items that are still in conditions, and then try to put more weight in the door. And if you can, try to block the window as well.
>>
No. 843317 ID: fc0d38

Use all the parts from the room to make a makeshift crossbow. If that doesn't you can always peek through the window to see if somebody is trying to enter this cabin, after which you can proceed to hide under the bed
>>
No. 846271 ID: bd5c42
File 151114233507.png - (138.41KB , 500x500 , 30.png )
846271

>Take all the useful items that are still in conditions
>Grab the desk leg that broke off. You can light it if you need another torch later, and it'll be a good melee weapon with a slightly farther range than the knife.

You scavenge the room for anything still usable, and pick up as much as you can carry. As of now, you have:

*Three spare hair elastics.
*A rusty hunting knife
*One wallet containing several credit, library, ID, and gift cards, plus the key to the motel.
*Your keys, complete with a small can of pepper spray.
*A package of adhesive bandages.
*A bottle of ibuprofin.
*The hefty stick you were using as a torch.
*A broken desk leg.
*One cigarette pack, containing seventeen cigarettes.
*A bottle of rubbing alcohol.
*Some no-longer-sterile cotton balls (for firestarter).
*One cheap, shitty lighter.

Your hands are now FULL. If you want to use your hands, you will have to temporarily set down either the torch stick or the hunting knife.

>try to put more weight in the door. And if you can, try to block the window as well.

You set down the torch stick.

With some effort, you move one of the hospital beds in front of the armchair in front of the door. You aren't sure how to block the window easily, so you just overturn the table you found in the clinic area, which about half-covers the window. You think you hear a heavy bootfall. Better work quickly.
>>
No. 846272 ID: bd5c42
File 151114238313.png - (88.96KB , 500x500 , 31.png )
846272

>Let's check out the computer, too.

Miraculously, the monitor flickers to life the moment you touch the keyboard, seeming to come out of sleep mode. The profile name is just "Karen." That's...a familiar name, but you push it aside. Right now, a word document is open.

Do you believe in ghosts, Heather? Do you believe in redemption?

Do you believe it's possible to survive being punctured through the sternum with a piece of rebar?

This can't be here. Your heart skips a beat, shudders, and restarts. You can feel the blood leave your face.

...You realize, with a sense of dulled horror, that the computer isn't plugged into anything.
>>
No. 846273 ID: bd5c42
File 151114243464.png - (54.40KB , 500x500 , 32.png )
846273

Shhuk!

Something embeds itself in the wall opposite the broken window, vibrating a bit as it settles into its place. An arrow. Someone shoves the table away from the window and tumbles through.

What do you do?
>>
No. 846276 ID: c1eaac

Tip one of the beds over and take cover behind it. You've only got a knife - you can't take someone with a ranged weapon unless they get in close. Try not to think about the computer right now, you can always come back to it.
>>
No. 846356 ID: 5f2b81

>>846273
If you've got a clean shot, throw the table leg at your assailant before diving into cover. Otherwise,
>>846276
>>
No. 849384 ID: bd5c42
File 151225963917.png - (113.13KB , 500x500 , 33.png )
849384

>Tip one of the beds over and take cover behind it. You've only got a knife - you can't take someone with a ranged weapon unless they get in close. Try not to think about the computer right now, you can always come back to it.

>If you've got a clean shot, throw the table leg at your assailant before diving into cover.

For a split second, you have a clear view of the silhouetted figure in the faint light of the window. You don't have time to absorb what you see. You just throw the table leg and sprint to the clinic area, shoving a bed over and diving behind it. You hear a hollow "bonk" sound behind you as the leg makes contact with your attacker.

"Ow! Oh, you piece of shit!" they groan.
>>
No. 849386 ID: bd5c42
File 151225967880.png - (90.81KB , 500x500 , 34.png )
849386

It's a few seconds before they seem to get their bearings and approach your location.

"Olly olly oxenfree, you possessed motherfucker," they growl, and you hear a bowstring draw back as their footsteps grow louder. You figure they're probably within either knifing or mace range at this point if you jump over the bed, but you also figure this might be a matter of getting shot now or shot later.

What will you do?
>>
No. 849389 ID: c1eaac

Tell this person there's been a huge misunderstanding and you're definitely not possessed. But also have the mace ready to go just in case.
>>
No. 849432 ID: 3ce125

Tell him wait stop you're not possessed, what does that even mean
>>
No. 852546 ID: bd5c42
File 151363265471.png - (115.77KB , 500x500 , 35.png )
852546

>Tell this person there's been a huge misunderstanding and you're definitely not possessed. But also have the mace ready to go just in case.

>Tell him wait stop you're not possessed, what does that even mean

"I'm not fucking possessed!" you cry from behind the bed. Your keys jingle a bit as your hand curls around the can of mace. "What does that even mean?!"

The stranger chuckles dryly. You do not hear them release the bowstring. What you do hear is a small click, and the sound of something catching fire. Your nose is filled with the smell of ozone and vanilla.

"Hope you'll forgive me if I say that sounds like something a possessed person would say," they say, and flip the bed with their foot.
>>
No. 852547 ID: bd5c42
File 151363270021.png - (159.40KB , 500x500 , 36.png )
852547

For a moment, you get a good look at your attacker. You gather, now, that she's a woman. A young woman, at that. Her clothes are strange and torn up, and her earrings are ridiculous. She's also aiming a flaming arrow at you. And it's flaming blue.

You make eye contact, and she hesitates. Your adrenaline kicks in.
>>
No. 852548 ID: bd5c42
File 151363273234.png - (84.91KB , 500x500 , 37.png )
852548

So you mace her. You vault over the fallen bed as she drops to the ground, furiously rubbing at her face. The arrow clatters uselessly to the floor and goes out. You make for the door.

"Wait, wait!" she groans, audibly fighing through the pain. "I'm sorry- fuuuuuck. Wait."

The stranger is in no position to hurt you if you stay, but she's also in no position to stop you from leaving.

What will you do?
>>
No. 852550 ID: 476f93

Let's hear this stranger out. We could use an ally in this fucked up hellscape.
>>
No. 852553 ID: 3ce125

You should wait. If there are people around that fit the description of "possessed" and need to be arrowed to death, you probably don't want to encounter them.

Ask if "possessed" involves glowing eyes and constant smiling.
>>
No. 852579 ID: d36af7

Start re-barricading the door. Ask if there's a conveniently short list available of things a possessed person wouldn't say.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason