[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
In memory of Flyin' Black Jackson
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 148340541764.png - (13.88KB , 640x480 , Puruu Quest.png )
769984 No. 769984 ID: e7a4f8

A couple weeks ago, some hunters from our village noticed a purpleish sheet of what looked like flesh growing on the ground a short distance in the jungle to the west. Since then, the tribal elders have instructed us to have hunters and warriors keep watch at night. According to them, every several decades this stuff passes through the area, accompanied by monsters that threaten our spawning pools.

Tonight I'm standing guard along the northern edge of the village.
Expand all images
>>
No. 769985 ID: e7a4f8
File 148340546525.png - (27.61KB , 625x387 , Puruu1.png )
769985

"Any sign of those things tonight?" I ask Ykaas as we pass each other by the hexis tree at the village's edge.

"No, but that grabba that keeps stealing spears is still around."

"Nobody's killed it yet?" I laugh. "If that's all there is out there right now, then I'm not worried."

As we part, I wave to Ykaas. "Don't drink all of our mead before I'm back!"

"Gno powamathas," she manages to say, waving back with her tongue.
>>
No. 769988 ID: e7a4f8
File 148340565181.png - (34.06KB , 640x480 , Puruu2.png )
769988

-Some hour pass by.-

Ooookay. The shadows cast by this flickering light are putting me on edge.
This is going to be a long night.
>>
No. 769995 ID: ca0e20

I'll say! Seems like there's some things hiding in the bushes over there! With the blue eyes?
>>
No. 769996 ID: db0da2

Lick your spear for good luck. Also check out those things by the tree.
>>
No. 769997 ID: 398fe1

>>769988
Look to your right. I think you've got monsters.
>>
No. 770002 ID: 3abd97

>>769988
Little blue eyes peering over the bushes.
>>
No. 770029 ID: e85fea

looks like their might be something in the bushes behind you. Better make sure you have a good grip on your spear so you don't have it stolen from you.
>>
No. 770059 ID: ae4d58

>>769988
Try moving around and see if the eye follows your movement.
If yes, brandish spear and scare it off.
>>
No. 770073 ID: ed048e

>>769988
>three sets of eyes
>inna bushes
>not onna ground
>eyes are glowing
Don't like this. Maybe it's another puruu tribe? Fuck those guys!

Lick your spear, walk near the bushes and casually lure those things out into the open.
>>
No. 770254 ID: e7a4f8
File 148347540244.png - (9.36KB , 555x348 , puruu3.png )
770254

>Seems like there's some things hiding in the bushes over there!
>looks like their might be something in the bushes behind you. Better make sure you have a good grip on your spear so you don't have it stolen from you.
>Look to your right. I think you've got monsters.
My eyes dart around, checking my surroundings. Not yet noticing... "Oh!"

>Blue eyes
>Blue eyes
I see it now. Just behind the bush at the edge of the clearing.

>Try moving around and see if the eye follows your movement.
It's looking right at me.

>Lick your spear for good luck. Also check out those things by the tree.
Slowly, I approach whatever is hiding behind the bush, licking the spear-head for luck. Also applying a thin coat of my venom. That should take care of whatever's back there.
At a glance, all I see next to the tree are some rocks and some pink plants.
>>
No. 770255 ID: e7a4f8
File 148347543593.png - (22.33KB , 640x480 , puruu4.png )
770255

>three sets of eyes
>Maybe it's another puruu tribe?
Oh no. Not good. Not good!

From the taller bushes, an elder wearing the face-paint of a war-chief emerges, keeping his gaze on the village.

The one in the distance begins to climb the massive Lub, along with another invader who until now had been better concealed.

And Crazy Eyes there. He just keeps staring at me. Is that a hammer?!
>>
No. 770256 ID: e7a4f8

Disclaimer: First time attempting to run a quest.
>>
No. 770257 ID: 398fe1

Better sound the alarm.
>>
No. 770261 ID: e85fea

whelp! time to warn the village.
>>
No. 770262 ID: 1d7899

>>770255
Where did another puruu get a metal hammer? That thing will mess you up.... whatever your name is, GuardPuruu

Call out to those puruus to tell them to buzz off, not that it'll do much good. Shout your warning loud enough and you'll get the attention of these invaders AND our tribe. Hopefully this isn't a diversion to distract our tribe from the rest of their warband. Even so, we can maybe lure them away after we alert the village
>>
No. 770319 ID: b3bd49

>>770255
Looks like an invasion! Sounds the alarms, young whelp! Shit just got real.
>>
No. 771340 ID: 3abd97

>>770257
This is what you do. As a sentry, your first responsibility is to sound the alarm so your tribe is not caught unprepared. Defending yourself, or dealing with the actual intruders are distant seconds.

If you try to fight and fall before you warn them, you will have failed.
>>
No. 771483 ID: 707a28
File 148400096920.png - (26.20KB , 640x480 , puruu5.png )
771483

>Better sound the alarm.

>whelp! time to warn the village.

>Looks like an invasion! Sounds the alarms, young whelp! Shit just got real.
This is what you do. As a sentry, your first responsibility is to sound the alarm so your tribe is not caught unprepared. Defending yourself, or dealing with the

actual intruders are distant seconds.
>If you try to fight and fall before you warn them, you will have failed.

Crazy-Eyes leaps toward me.
"Invaders!" I call out to the village, trying to keep my distance from him. "From the north!"
I repeat the warning, thrusting my spear, only for my foe to knock it aside.
Far behind me, villagers can be heard scramblings. Presumably some taking shelter and warriors taking arms.


>whatever your name is, GuardPuruu
"You forgot already? It's- Wah!"

"Muttering one last prayer to Ramur, are you?"
>>
No. 771484 ID: 707a28
File 148400115405.png - (16.71KB , 640x480 , puruu6.png )
771484

Two warrior from the village arrive and begin hurling spears at the lub's cap just after the two invaders cut it free from the ground.

"More to the east" I can hear someone call out in the distance, followed by a mix of screams and warcries.

While my focus was on Crazy-Eyes, I've lost track of the war-chief.
>>
No. 771490 ID: ba506f

throw the lamp at his face and while he's distracted thrust at his chest with the spear. We need to deal with this prick first before we can worry about other stuff.
>>
No. 771510 ID: dce082

So umm... what normally happens to an enemy Puruu if they surrender and do you know if this other tribe acts the same way.
>>
No. 771531 ID: ded3b0

>>771490
Far more effective to lop their heads off while we're at it!
>>
No. 771719 ID: 1d7899

>>771483
I HEED RAMUR!

Throw the lamp in his face, or on the ground between you. Stay in the clearing and dance around this asshole, jabbing him in the legs and hips. If we can wound him so he falls to the ground he's as good as dead. We'll link up with our brother-tribefolk once Crazy Eyes can't kill us
>>
No. 772433 ID: c01ffb
File 148451146473.png - (21.92KB , 640x480 , puruu7.png )
772433

"I WON'T BE-"
>>
No. 772434 ID: c01ffb
File 148451149049.png - (22.33KB , 640x480 , puruu8.png )
772434

"-RETURNING TO-"
>>
No. 772435 ID: c01ffb
File 148451152634.gif - (26.38KB , 320x240 , puruu9.gif )
772435

"-RAMUR IN THIS LIFE!"

(animated)
>>
No. 772438 ID: c01ffb
File 148451194762.gif - (26.39KB , 320x240 , puruu9(looped).gif )
772438

>>772435
(looped version)
>>
No. 772441 ID: ba506f

head back to the village. The place is still be attacked and people need your help.
>>
No. 772478 ID: dce082

punch his eye with your tongue!
>>
No. 772529 ID: 3abd97

>>772438
Twist to the left, and aim a kick or tail slap at their head. Can't leave yourself open to a counter with your spear grabbed, but you can still force him off balance.
>>
No. 772552 ID: 1ad8a4

Dispatch them, then find if there's any survivors from your village and regroup.
>>
No. 772576 ID: 1d7899

>>772435
>>772438
aw, he dead, or near dead. Stab him in the skull and get moving to hell our tribefolk.

Head into the woods to the northeast, and make a long circle around so we approach the foe from behind. We can take at least one by surprise that way. Call out to the two warriors who are near us according to >771484 so we may move as one team to meet the foe. The enemy will not expect to fight on two sides at once if we hit them from the north
>>
No. 772599 ID: c45b7e

>>772438
remove his head! it is the only way to be sure. that neck looks small enough.
>>
No. 772600 ID: 398fe1

Don't preoccupy yourself with the slain foe. Look around for more opponents, or battles you can join and support your comrades in!
>>
No. 772605 ID: 91ee5f

If he can still grab your spear, that means he ain't dead yet!
>>
No. 772830 ID: 1d7899

>>772605
oh yeah. I forgot puruus are kinda hard to kill

Fuck, if he doesn't die in this battle he might get healed from whatever injury we gave him. Finish him. No survivors of the foe!
>>
No. 774082 ID: 14f8aa
File 148514282710.png - (34.32KB , 480x640 , puruu10.png )
774082

>Don't preoccupy yourself with the slain foe. Look around for more opponents, or battles you can join and support your comrades in!
>head back to the village. The place is still be attacked and people need your help.
>Head into the woods to the northeast, and make a long circle around so we approach the foe from behind. We can take at least one by surprise that way. Call out to the two warriors who are near us according to >>771484 so we may move as one team to meet the foe. The enemy will not expect to fight on two sides at once if we hit them from the north

Right. Good plan.

As I take off to group with the two warriors from the village, I feel a tug on my spear.

>If he can still grab your spear, that means he ain't dead yet!

"Hey. You almost killed me." The invader says to me as I turn back toward him. "A little higher or to the right, and I'd be dead."

Hemolymph oozes from his neck as he begins pulling my spear free from the wound.
>>
No. 774083 ID: 14f8aa
File 148514300677.png - (58.38KB , 542x372 , puruu11.png )
774083

>oh yeah. I forgot puruus are kinda hard to kill
>Fuck, if he doesn't die in this battle he might get healed from whatever injury we gave him. Finish him. No survivors of the foe.

It's nice to see your memory of some things is coming back for once. Anything for taking down one of my own kind would be greatly appreciated right about now.

>Twist to the left, and aim a kick or tail slap at their head. Can't leave yourself open to a counter with your spear grabbed, but you can still force him off balance.

With a spin, I switch the grip of my spear to another hand and send a back kick toward the other side of his face.

CRACK!
"Same trick twice?"
Just before the kick could connect, Crazy Eyes flipped up the handle of his hammer to block my leg and then grabs my ankle to pull me to the ground. As I fall, my spear rips free from the wound in his neck.
>>
No. 774084 ID: 14f8aa
File 148514312176.png - (13.38KB , 640x480 , Puruu12.png )
774084

"Neis!"
One of our warriors calls my name out as he sees me fall to the ground before striking down another invader emerging from the woods. He begins charging Crazy Eyes, who in turn yanks my spear from my grip and chucks it at the warrior
>>
No. 774085 ID: 14f8aa
File 148514318417.png - (61.36KB , 392x255 , puruu13.png )
774085

With the village warrior dead, the invader turns his attention back toward me. He pins me to the ground and raises his

broken hammer.

This is it. I- I think I'm going to die here.


>punch his eye with your tongue!

Reflexively, Crazy-Eyes releases releases his grip on me and leaps back, giving me the shortest moment to get back on my feet.

>>
No. 774090 ID: d79f26

jam splintered shard of spear into their eye.
>>
No. 774093 ID: 81fa27

Get on your feet and grab your friends spear
>>
No. 774341 ID: 14f8aa
File 148523960826.png - (8.34KB , 640x480 , puruu14.png )
774341

>jam splintered shard of spear into their eye.

The moment I'm back on my feet, I reach for the broken handle of his hammer.
>>
No. 774342 ID: 14f8aa
File 148523964694.png - (62.48KB , 560x375 , puruu15.png )
774342

"AAAAAHHHHH!"
>>
No. 774344 ID: 14f8aa
File 148523975737.png - (972B , 640x480 , Blackout.png )
774344

*SHLRT*

[END OF PROLOGUE]
>>
No. 774345 ID: 14f8aa
File 148524011229.gif - (179.89KB , 640x400 , puruu16.gif )
774345

"Unnng..."

"Uh, my head..."
>>
No. 774346 ID: 398fe1

Good news, you're not dead.

Bad news, you lost an eye.
>>
No. 774349 ID: 81fa27

>>774346
Could just be swollen shut since he was hit by a hammer.
>>
No. 774352 ID: 14f8aa

>>774345
Oh, yeah. Forgot the ANIMATED label.
Although it looks like you guys are figuring out it's a .gif just fine.
>>
No. 774360 ID: ded3b0

>>774345
Check self, check village. Hopefully we're not the sole survivor.
Also check for further hostiles, whether they be remaining enemy combatants or scavenging wildlife.
>>
No. 774384 ID: 3abd97

>>774346
More bad news: you're still outdoors and I don't see any of the village structures immediately around you. That implies the fight didn't go well for your side, as they left you where you fell instead of recovering you and bringing you back to the village for treatment of your injuries.

>One of our warriors
That guy died for you, and you don't even remember his name? It's not like your village is that big, is it?
>>
No. 774454 ID: dce082

>>774384
Well depending on how resiliant Puruus are that may be better than them having captured you.
>>
No. 774514 ID: 1d7899

>>774345
>Not dead
Well, we're okay, just hope we aren't a prisoner. Quietly look around and move your limbs to check your surroundings for the enemy, and yourself for injuries. Crazy Eyes probably hit us in the head or upper body, so a visit to a spawning pool to refresh in the aqueous, renewing flesh of our kind. Then we think about repairing the village and REVENGE for our fallen comrade. What was his name? Umbumbu? Caesar? Arupa?
>>
No. 774540 ID: c45b7e

>>774345
Ugh, by Arupa. This hurts worse than a visit to a geist proctologist.
>>
No. 775918 ID: 14f8aa
File 148584972873.png - (16.18KB , 498x407 , Puruu17.png )
775918

>Good news, you're not dead.
>Bad news, you lost an eye.

>Could just be swollen shut since he was hit by a hammer.
>Check self--

Shakily, I reach up and touch the left side of my face, quickly convulsing from the jolt of pain. Still trembling, I feel again.
"GAH! AH!"
"I-It's gone. Ah. I think that side of my face is gone," I groan, getting back on my feet. "You were right the first time."
>>
No. 775922 ID: 14f8aa
File 148585018436.png - (42.83KB , 640x480 , Puruu18.png )
775922

>More bad news: you're still outdoors and I don't see any of the village structures immediately around you. That implies the fight didn't go well for your side, as they left you where you fell instead of recovering you and bringing you back to the village for treatment of your injuries.
> --check village. Hopefully we're not the sole survivor.
>Also check for further hostiles, whether they be remaining enemy combatants or scavenging wildlife.

In case of any hostile warriors or wildlife, I grab a stick as a makeshift weapon and scurry up a nearby tree. From there, I'm able to survey the-

... By the gods. What have we done to deserve this?

The lingering scent of smoke wafts up from the ruins of my home. The bodies, indistinguishable between foe and kin from here, litter the scene. Everyone. They're gone. It just doesn't seem real.
As I continue to gaze, stupefied by the sight before me, there's a flicker of movement by one of the spawning pools. Something blue. Someone's alive down there! And it's hard to see, but there may be someone to the south side of the village?

>Crazy Eyes probably hit us in the head or upper body, so a visit to a spawning pool to refresh in the aqueous, renewing flesh of our kind.
Yeah, head. That's probably what I should do now.

>Then we think about repairing the village and REVENGE for our fallen comrade.
I don't think anything else would make be feel better, but I'm just a hunter, no warrior. Last night, judging by his expression, I was just being toyed with.
>>
No. 775923 ID: 14f8aa
File 148585077193.png - (10.53KB , 640x480 , Puruu19.png )
775923

>That guy died for you, and you don't even remember his name? It's not like your village is that big, is it?
"Like you're one to talk. ' Whatever your name is, GuardPuruu.' I do remember that too from last night."
I couldn't see who it was in the dark, but the voice was familiar.

"The village is kinda big. There are- were... Were a few hundred of us. And a lot more people have known me than I've known them. Ever since you decided that you wanted to hang around my neck."

The coast looks clear down below, so I begin climbing back down. I'll see who it was once I'm back on the ground.

"So, where should I go to first?"

The Canopies: Layered canopies and tents make up the majority of living spaces in the village.
Spawning pools: Pools of stagnant water holding puruu eggs.
Fruit Grove: Grove of trees that produce fruit.
Clay Pits & Kilns: Where clay is dug up from the ground and baked into useful items such as pottery.
Village Center: A gathering point for important occasions. Some elders lived there.

Yeah, I got lazy once getting to the map.
>>
No. 775944 ID: ded3b0

>>775923
Damn, they're thorough. Let's cautiously sneak into the northern canopies and make our way to the second spawning pool, then make a note to check the other spawning pool.
>>
No. 775950 ID: ba506f

head through the clay pits on your way to the pool. See if you can't find someone or something still left.

Also, any idea who the rival tribe was? I mean have your two tribes clashed before?
>>
No. 776030 ID: c45b7e

>>775923
Lets go investigate that blue occurrence at the spawning pool. Missing part of our head probably is not too conducive to coherent thought.
>>
No. 776055 ID: 398fe1

>>775923
>few hundred
Damn, that must've been a huge raiding party to take out your entire village. I can't imagine any of your people went down without a fight. Does this sort of thing happen often? Or at all?
...or is it possible that the majority of your settlement managed to evacuate, leaving the raiders to wreck the place?

I say make your way to the spawning pool where you saw someone at. Just make sure to see who it is before approaching.
>>
No. 776167 ID: 1d7899

>>775923
I think heading to the clay pits to pick up a small jar to hold anything we need, like food or runuus to heal us, is a good idea. Someone may have hidden in the pits to escape the raiders, and a bit of company would be good now. Three eyes are better than one. Then it's over to the west spawning pool to check if there's anything there that can heal us, plus anyone who's left of our tribe will be gathered there. Not that it looks like much of our people is left. After that we can head through the village center to the fruit groves to scavenge some food.

I think the village is fragged. We might have to join a new tribe if there's not enough people left to rebuild this one. Who are the greatest chieftains in all the land? Who is strongest, who is wisest, who is most clever, and who is kindest?
>>
No. 776209 ID: 3abd97

>Someone's alive down there! And it's hard to see, but there may be someone to the south side of the village?
Careful, they're not necessarily one of yours.
>>
No. 778281 ID: f65b48

Find the survivors
>>
No. 779446 ID: 14f8aa
File 148705487959.png - (42.62KB , 640x480 , Puruu20.png )
779446

On the way down from the top of the hexis, I pull off a leaf to cover my eye wound with.

Once back on the ground, I go over and kneel next to the fallen warrior and turn him over to see his face.
"Junnes..." I mutter, partially to myself, partially to my fallen friend. If he didn't try to save me, he could have lived. But he did, and I'm alive because of it. It's even possible that both of us would be dead if he didn't. "Thank you, Junnes. I need to go now, but I'll be back to return you to the pools."

Carefully, I recover my spear and make my way into the village ruins.
"I hope that I can meet you again in your next life."
>>
No. 779448 ID: 14f8aa
File 148705517762.png - (30.22KB , 640x480 , Puruu21.png )
779448

Out of everything said, heading through the clay pits seemed the most thought out. Quietly, I make my way through the jungle at the village edge until reaching the pits. Before going in, I manage to scavenge some rope and fashion an eyepatch.

"Looks like you were right. There should be a pot that's decent to carry around here."

"Too big. Too big. Again, too big," I say to myself, wading through the mud. "Maybe there's a smaller one in that pile over there."
>>
No. 779451 ID: 14f8aa
File 148705557403.png - (39.46KB , 640x480 , Puruu22.png )
779451

I make my way over to the platform and begin rummaging through the pile of pots.


> -- any idea who the rival tribe was? I mean have your two tribes clashed before?
"Judging by the face-paint, that had to be a Yapap war-chief I saw last night. They'd be one of our own nation's warbands.

After rolling a large empty pot out of my way, I pause for a moment.

"I suppose you'll be wanting some history about that. As I understood the stories, long before I was born, the leader of the Yapap died with no successor, so a bunch of elder warriors declared themselves to be in charge and have been waging war on each other ever since.


>I think the village is fragged. We might have to join a new tribe if there's not enough people left to rebuild this one. Who are the greatest chieftains in all the land? Who is strongest, who is wisest, who is most clever, and who is kindest?

War-Chief Ovpaks leads the biggest warband in the area, but our village has been on good terms with them for a long time. The chief last night was way too short to be him. I suppose that is is possible that he could have been usurped. There are also a number of smaller villages nearby in every direction. Or at least were. I've always thought this one up to the north-west was a nice place. Elders Aigee, Kambieu, and Y'venn have all on occasion also mentioned a great walled village far to the south, and some others much farther to the east."

>Damn, that must've been a huge raiding party to take out your entire village. I can't imagine any of your people went down without a fight. Does this sort of thing happen often? Or at all?

As I continue to explain, I resume rummaging. "There have been three other small warbands around that I know of, but none of them have ever tried something like this before. "

>...or is it possible that the majority of your settlement managed to evacuate, leaving the raiders to wreck the place?
"Yeah. That makes a lot of sense."

"Ah! Here's a good one."
>>
No. 779452 ID: 14f8aa
File 148705565068.png - (14.37KB , 640x480 , puruu23.png )
779452

With a small pot found, I climb down from the platform.
"Just need to wash it out and we'll be ready to..."
>>
No. 779453 ID: d79f26

take a non-threatening stance.
>>
No. 779457 ID: 398fe1

Hey, you're speaking out loud to us...? Who are we? Bits of your weird biology that gained minds of their own?
Also MAN your head got pulped. I'm guessing you didn't lose any of your thinking parts though.

>>779452
I wish there was a way to tell if these were friends or not. The raiders had the same markings as you... oh! They're unarmed. They must be either stragglers, or survivors sent back to retrieve what they can find.

Wave in a friendly fashion, let them approach on their own or decide to run away I guess.
>>
No. 779470 ID: 91ee5f

>>779452
*insert Metal Gear Solid "!" sound effect here*
>>
No. 779478 ID: ab2b43

Looks like siblings. Could be juveniles? Wave, then watch how they react. Can you see them clearly?
>>
No. 779484 ID: ba506f

no sudden moves, see what they do first.
>>
No. 779601 ID: 1d7899

>>779452
A survivor, with what looks like an infant of our tribe. We should approach them openly but quietly in case the raiders are around, scavenging the remains of our tribal home. We will have vengance for our friend, our home, our tribe, our eye and our pride
>>
No. 783521 ID: 14f8aa
File 148825537340.png - (14.72KB , 640x480 , puruu24-2.png )
783521

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNJ1B_2b17s
"D-did you hear that?" I whisper.

>no sudden moves, see what they do first.

Just as I noticed the two, they dash around the corner, back out of sight.

>Looks like siblings. Could be juveniles?
"Yeah, both looked like kids."

>Can you see them clearly?
"No, they were both covered in a lot of mud."


>Hey, you're speaking out loud to us...? Who are we? Bits of your weird biology that gained minds of their own?
"Bits of my what? You even forgot what you are this time?"
I let out a sigh. "They did say this happens from time to time. You're the voices of the pendant."

Just before elaborating on that, I take a look around at my surroundings.
"Oh!" I exclaim in a hushed tone. "One's back."
>>
No. 783523 ID: 14f8aa
File 148825561063.png - (22.25KB , 640x480 , Puruu25.png )
783523

Across the pool of water, the older of the two children has returned, and is currently looking at me. He seems to be hiding something behind his back.

>take a non-threatening stance.
>Wave, then watch how they react.
>Wave in a friendly fashion, let them approach on their own or decide to run away I guess.
I calmly wave to them.

"Are you one of us or one of them?" he shouts.

"Um, us!" I reply. "I'm from the north canopies."

"Prove it!" he shouts back.

"Smart kid," I say to myself before thinking of something. "Would they know about last year's harvest celebration? When Elder Kambieu tried to dance after having too much to drink?"

The kid laughs for a second, probably remembering that evening, then goes back to his serious expression. "Okay. You're one of us! Wait there," he tells me before running off again. Looks like he was hiding a stone ax.

Ugh. Nothing in this pic is to scale.
>>
No. 783524 ID: 14f8aa
File 148825576710.png - (13.95KB , 640x480 , puruu26.png )
783524

While waiting, I resume washing out the pot. "As I was saying, you're the pendant I'm wearing. I've been told that you've acted as an advisor to our tribe for centuries. Since long before we became part of the Yapap."

I take a few steps to the left where the water isn't murky to give the pot a rinse. Since the two kids aren't back yet, I continue with the story. "Until five or six years ago, you were carried by Namad, Elder Y'venn's aid. The string that tied you around his neck came undone one day, and I was the one who picked up and returned you. The next morning, she and Y'venn came to my family's tent, saying that you wanted me as your keeper. You've been with me ever since." After finishing, I think for a moment. "Yeah, I was eleven then. So we've been together six years."

"I'm back!"

Looking up, the two children can be seen stomping through the mud towards me.

"Me and Tamri are gonna follow you for now," the older kid tells me.

"Doesn't sound like you're giving me a choice here," I respond, trying to hold back a chuckle.
>>
No. 783529 ID: 398fe1

>>783524
Aw, shucks. We're not a very good friend if we keep forgetting you.

I guess we get to babysit these two until we find the rest of the tribe. Next stop was the spawning pools to get some healing for your face, right? Also, to find whoever that was we saw near them. Once we get there we better verify they're not an enemy. Some similar question to what the kids quizzed you on, but not the same one.
>>
No. 783530 ID: b9f243

Asked what happened. We don't know what happened after getting knocked out after the attack started. Were we forced to retreat, or what?
>>
No. 783534 ID: d79f26

well, now we should head to the pool to get your face fixed up. getting something hostile in your head hole is not a good idea. if they ask about it say it looks really gross, if they insist then you can show them.
>>
No. 783598 ID: 91ee5f

>>783521
>"D-did you hear that?" I whisper.
Didn't expect him to actually hear that! XD

>"Bits of my what? You even forgot what you are this time?"
>"They did say this happens from time to time. You're the voices of the pendant."
Oh, we forgot? And this has happened before? Sorry about that. We've got no idea how or why that keeps happening.

>>783524
>The string that tied you around his neck came undone one day, and I was the one who picked up and returned you. The next morning, she and Y'venn came to my family's tent, saying that you wanted me as your keeper. You've been with me ever since.
Really? So, even after returning us to our previous owner, we wanted to stay with you? Hmmm.....well, we must've seen some sort of potential for greatness or something like that if we wanted to stay with you. Too bad we can't remember exactly why we wanted to stay with you. I guess the only thing we can do is now is help you achieve that potential we saw in you.

>"Me and Tamri are gonna follow you for now,"
Well, look on the bright side, they see you as being capable to protect them, despite your injuries.

Hopefully, they're not the only ones that survived, because I don't think either of them would be very helpful if you got into a fight.
>>
No. 783748 ID: 1d7899

>>783521
>We are Vyrii
OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
Also we're probably Bord AIs inside of the pendant too
OH BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORD
>>783524
And you are you brave young boy who's leading Tamri? Do you kids know of any other survivors, and did you see where they've gone? I was hurt during the fight, and I don't know where to look for the tribe. We'll go to the runu pools if you don't know anything.

Good thing you have a spear. Not sure if Neise should take it, since he has a messed up eye. Either way, we need to either get some runu to heal this wound, or some food since we all must be very hungry after this exhausting day.

Oh Ramur, I forgot! Remember why were stationed on guard duty that fateful night? >>769984

It wasn't warriors of our own race, divided by tribe and driven by a warchief that we feared, but beasts! Born of the primordial ooze, that purplish muck that appeared not long ago, and is not far away. Intelligent foes may have deserted this ruin, but certainly beasts will overtake it soon. We should not hesitate for even a night in this place if we cannot find the rest of our tribe. I'd rather not be swallowed up by some blung-beast, and then fall into the hands of a log'ead mercenary-tourist or a geist fleshshaper harvesting research samples of a colony.
>>
No. 784534 ID: c45b7e

>>783524
Alright. Seems like we got some kids to worry about now too. Lets keep rummaging and see if we cant find any more equipment, maybe some armor. Also that axe is a bit big for such a runt. Would we be better off with that and the kid gets a spear?
>>
No. 794862 ID: 31daba
File 149184713860.png - (22.06KB , 640x480 , puruu27.png )
794862

"I guess you'll be following me to the spawning pool," I tell the kids, beginning the trek to the nearby spawning pool.

>And [who] are you brave young boy who's leading Tamri?

"You haven't told me your name. Mine's Neis. What's yours?" I ask the older kid.

"Gengkwaku," he says.

"That's quite the name. Well Gengkwaku, you've done a good job keeping Tamri safe," I tell him before asking "Is he your little sibling?"

Gengkwaku smiles and puffs up his chest. "Uh-huh!"

>Oh, we forgot? And this has happened before? Sorry about that. We've got no idea how or why that keeps happening.
"Don't worry about it," I whisper to you. "Or, don't worry more than usual. We knew it would happen some time."

"Hey. Who're you talking to?"
>>
No. 794864 ID: 31daba
File 149184724588.png - (20.35KB , 640x480 , puruu28.png )
794864

I stop walking and crouch down before the two kids and lift you up by the neck strap. "An old friend of mine" I tell them.

Both of them look at you and then up at me with a puzzled expression.

For what I believe to be the first time since meeting these two, Tamri speaks up. "Your necklace?" he asks.

"Mmm-hmm." I nod. "It's an old treasure our tribe had for a very long time."

"You talk to a necklace? So does it talk back or something?" Gengkwaku asks.

Again, I nod. "Like a bunch of voices in my head."

Tamri leans in close to you and says "Hi necklace."



Still going to work of of the previous batch of suggestions. The way this went just felt like it needed to stop halfway to allow for some dialogue input.
>>
No. 794866 ID: 398fe1

>>794864
Hey there kiddos. We're gonna help everyone out, don't worry.
>>
No. 794868 ID: 0b99d7

>>794864
Ahoy! we're here to help, and while we're bad with remembering things for a long time, we're pretty good at noticing stuff in the present and telling people to act on it.
>>
No. 794895 ID: ba506f

Sup kids
>>
No. 795348 ID: 1d7899

>>794864
Hello children. We are going to make this puruu an elder, maybe chieftain if he survives all this. Remember to not trust tall strangers, and don't drink their blood or you'll turn into a monster who can never return home
>>
No. 803801 ID: b2bf87
File 149551754806.png - (13.03KB , 640x480 , puruu29.png )
803801

"It says," I begin to tell the kids before cutting off to tell you "You should talk to them yourself. Just try not to overwhelm them." Then I say to the kids "If you touch the pendant, you can hear it."

Tamri is quick to grab onto your surface with his tongue while Gengkwaku eyes me suspiciously for a moment before reaching over and touching your edge.

>Sup kids
>Ahoy! we're here to help, and while we're bad with remembering things for a long time, we're pretty good at noticing stuff in the present and telling people to act on it.
>Hey there kiddos. We're gonna help everyone out, don't worry.

"Whoa, it really can talk."

"Deyths a lot oth yu in thehw," Tamri tries to say through his tongue.
>>
No. 803802 ID: b2bf87
File 149551760333.png - (21.54KB , 640x480 , puruu30.png )
803802

>Hello children. We are going to make this puruu an elder, maybe chieftain if he survives all this.

I laugh uncomfortably. "Please don't say embarassing stuff like that when others ca-"

>Remember to not trust tall strangers, and don't drink their blood or you'll turn into a monster who can never return home

Gengkwaku and Tamri let go of you.

"What was that about?" the older sibling asks.

"I really don't know. They say some weird stuff sometimes. I try not to pay too much attention to it," I explain to him as I stand back up and stretch my

legs after crouching for so long. "Well, let's get going again."

>[...] or some food since we all must be very hungry after this exhausting day.

After you mention food, my stomach rumbles slightly. "After we're done at the pool, we can search for something to eat."
>>
No. 803806 ID: b2bf87
File 149551779062.gif - (873.73KB , 640x480 , puruu31.gif )
803806

>ANIMATED

The three of us resume trekking through the muddy trenches of the clay pits. After a couple minutes, Gengkwaku asks "Your face. Did that happen last night?

Were you fighting whoever attacked us?"

"Did you kill any?" Tamri chimes in.

I'm taken by surprise by Tamri's blunt question for a moment. "Uh, yeah. I was attacked while keeping watch at the northern edge of the village. The guy I fought there hit my face with a war hammer. I'm pretty sure that's what happened. My memory is a little fuzzy."

Gengkwaku grimaces a little when I mention the hammer while Tamri tries to look up under the eye-patch. "Can I see it?"

"Not right now," I say. "How about the two of you? Do you know if anyone else made it out of the village?"

"I don't know." Gengkwaku says. "I was just woken up by people shouting, and mom carrying Tamri and telling me we had to go."
He stops to think for a bit. "We were with some other people at first, but we got separated from the group by some burning canopies falling in our way."

"What happened then?"

"Mom carried us here to the pit. I heard some screaming and shouts from behind us. And some sort of really loud screech. She gave me her ax and told us to hide in the mud."

"So your mother left the two of you were here all alone for the attack? That must have been frightening."

Tamri nods and grabs my arm as Genkwaku tells me "I have to watch over Tamri. I can't let myself get scared," before recounting the rest of the nights events. "Mom went to find a safe way out for us, but she never came back. I think something happened to her.

"You shouldn't think that." I say. "There could have just been something that kept her from coming back for you."

The older boy just looks at me with a look that says he doesn't believe that.
>>
No. 803809 ID: b2bf87
File 149551813320.gif - (5.56MB , 640x480 , puruu32.gif )
803809

>ANIMATED

After a few more minutes of quiet wading, we finally reach exit near the kilns.

"I think the way back up should just be around... this..."
>>
No. 803813 ID: 3ce125

>>803809
Oh dear that looks like a monster. It's not moving yet though. Get back out of sight and away, quietly. We should avoid combat for now, I think, unless you know what that is and are confident you can kill it.
>>
No. 803819 ID: c45b7e

>>803809
Ancestral knowledge check: That is a...slizer, if it was still at any sort of capacity we would all be dead, stuffed in its gullet for eternity, never return to the pools. As it is not moving, lets investigate. Maybe there is something useful.
>>
No. 803922 ID: ba506f

I can't make out what we're looking at... what are we suppose to be looking at?
>>
No. 804042 ID: b2bf87
File 149559270868.png - (348.46KB , 640x480 , puruu33real.png )
804042

>>803922
>>
No. 804087 ID: 9b7a76

>>804042
OH FUCK
>>
No. 804101 ID: 3ce125

>>804042
...that thing looks dead tho.
>>
No. 804114 ID: 8acdea

>>804042
... so uh, is it dead or is it getting a drink? Because if it's not moving I suggest slowly backing up and observe it to see if it moves to make sure it's dead before moving bing on. If it is alive then slowly back up, make sure the kids don't make any noise by covering their mouths and get the fuck out of there.
>>
No. 805705 ID: 1d7899

>>803809
Grab Tamri by the arm, and hold him to make sure he doesn't run off to see the creature. Caution Gwengaku with a warning to stay hidden.

That is a Slizer, a fearsome beast you will never be able to harm. Back away quietly. It is perfectly acceptable to lure any lurking enemy tribesmen to the Slizer if they find and chase you, for the incarnation of death in animal form is all they deserve as their foe.
>>
No. 805792 ID: 600f38

>>804042
It looks pretty dead.
Is it moving? If not, throw a rock at it. If it still doesn't do anything, throw rocks at the bodies around it to see if they're unconscious or dead.
>>
No. 838733 ID: 0983bf
File 150870417637.gif - (178.23KB , 640x480 , puruu34.gif )
838733

>OH FUCK
>Oh dear that looks like a monster. It's not moving yet though. Get back out of sight and away, quietly. We should avoid combat for now, I think, unless you know what that is and are confident you can kill it.
>Grab Tamri by the arm, and hold him to make sure he doesn't run off to see the creature.

"Wah!"
>>
No. 838734 ID: 0983bf
File 150870426038.png - (734.60KB , 1600x1200 , puruu35.png )
838734

"Quiet" I harshly whisper to the two kids as I set them back down behind the cover of a wall.

"What's goi-," Gengkwaku starts to ask before I cover his mouth to shut him up.

"Quiet."

I listen to our surrounding. All there there is to hear is the buzzing of insects and the rustling of leaves in the breeze.Just the ordinary sounds of the jungle. With a hushed voice, Gengkwaku breaks the silence. "Are they still here?" he asks, tightening his grip around the handle of the stone axe.

>Caution Gwengaku with a warning to stay hidden.

"No. A slizer came up from the river." I tell Gengkwaku while beginning to scoop up hand fulls of mud to rub on my skin. His eyes widen at that news. I point to the base of a ledge a short distance to the left."You two go hide over there."

>... so uh, is it dead or is it getting a drink? Because if it's not moving I suggest slowly backing up and observe it to see if it moves to make sure it's dead before moving on. If it is alive then [...] get the fuck out of there.

"I'm going to see what it's doing."
>>
No. 838735 ID: 0983bf
File 150870433597.png - (154.42KB , 800x600 , puruu36.png )
838735

The older brother nods and takes hold of Tamri's arm. With what might be some reluctance, they do as I say and take cover. I can hear them mutter between one another, but cannot quite hear what they say. Everything on to my left sounds muffled with most of that flap missing.

>Is it moving? If not, throw a rock at it. If it still doesn't do anything, throw rocks at the bodies around it to see if they're unconscious or dead.

Slowly, I peek around the ledge. It appears that the slizer sitting atop the edge of the hasn't moved. With my tail, I scoop up a hand full of wet clay and fling it down another trench before ducking back out of sight.

...

...

Nothing. Again, I throw another clod.

Still Nothing.

>It looks pretty dead.

I give a sigh of relief, sliding down into the mud. "Thank the gods. If it was alive, I don't even know what I planned to do." I think aloud, starting to laugh.

Forgot to label animated in the first post
>>
No. 838742 ID: ba506f

So do those things usually travel alone or in groups?

Either way even if it's dead I'd still suggest not getting to close to the thing. How close are you three to the spawning pools?
>>
No. 838744 ID: 3ce125

>>838735
Alright tell the kids the coast is clear, and they get to see a dead slizer today!
Go investigate it. Don't spend too much time doing so, you should keep going towards your destination.
>>
No. 838746 ID: 91ee5f

I think just to be safe and make sure it's not just a heavy sleeper, you should poke it with your spear.

If it's still not moving, then it should be safe to call over the kids.
>>
No. 839822 ID: d36af7

>>838746
>poke it with your spear
Ideally, pick out a spot to poke where you'd be able to stab deeper and inflict a mortal wound if it actually was just playing possum. Brain or some major blood vessel or whatnot.
>>
No. 839837 ID: 2fe26a

These things aren't known for carrying parasites, are they?
>>
No. 841056 ID: ed048e

>>804042
It looks like that thing is filled covered in spears. Do I see the limb of a puruu dangling upon one its face-spines, and the head of another dead puruu peeking from the water? SOMEONE killed the slizer, or perhaps only finished it off. Getting close is a bad idea, but staying behind this mound won't let us stay concealed. Do not move yourself or the children out in the open to the dead beast, and stay behind cover as much as you can. Tell gwengaku to watch behind you.

No doubt the raid on our village attracted the beast. Another tally for our list of grievances against the raiders.
>>
No. 853621 ID: 6ed061
File 151409841760.png - (172.12KB , 800x600 , puruu37.png )
853621

It's not long until I end my moment of respite with a sigh. I set my small pot aside and stand back up.

>Go investigate it. Don't spend too much time doing so, you should keep going towards your destination.

>[...] even if it's dead I'd still suggest not getting to close to the thing. How close are you three to the spawning pools?

>I think just to be safe and make sure it's not just a heavy sleeper, you should poke it with your spear.

>Ideally, pick out a spot to poke where you'd be able to stab deeper and inflict a mortal wound if it actually was just playing possum. Brain or some major blood vessel or whatnot

>Getting close is a bad idea, but staying behind this mound won't let us stay concealed. Do not move yourself or the children out in the open to the dead beast, and stay behind cover as much as you can.

>If it's still not moving, then it should be safe to call over the kids.

While you go back and forth, arguing with yourselves, I begin to approach the colossal worm.
>>
No. 853622 ID: 6ed061
File 151409849944.png - (34.25KB , 640x480 , puruu38.png )
853622

>It looks like that thing is filled covered in spears.

"Mm hmm."

>Do I see the limb of a puruu dangling upon one its face-spines, and the head of another dead puruu peeking from the water? SOMEONE killed the slizer, or perhaps only finished it off.

"No. That's not just a limb."
With leaving the cover that passage through the trenches, three bodies can be seen floating in the muddy water, along with the dismembered cadaver suspended from the slizer's facial spine.

>No doubt the raid on our village attracted the beast.

"I'd bet that it was baited. These things don't wander too far from water unless they're chasing something."

>Another tally for our list of grievances against the raiders.

I pause when you say this, just at the edge of the water next to the slope. "Yeah."

>So do those things usually travel alone or in groups?

"I've never seen two of them together before," I say while stepping over one of the beast's tongues. "One of the other hunters has though. His hunting party was waiting for one to leave before crossing the river, and wham!" I hold out one left hand and suddenly snap at it with my lower right. "A bigger one came out of nowhere and attacks the first slizer."
>>
No. 853624 ID: 6ed061
File 151409884263.gif - (306.78KB , 800x600 , puruu39-rework.gif )
853624

As I make my approach, it can be seen that the slizer's wounds are shallow for something of its size. With just half of a spearhead embedded, only a small trickle of blood dribbles from the wound. "No way this hit any vitals. Had to be our venom that did the job," I say, pointing to the splashes of yellow fluid around the entry point.

>These things aren't known for carrying parasites, are they?

"I can't imagine anything this big not having some in it." I reply while wiggling the spear free from the gap in the worm's exoskeleton.

The slizer shudders to life, shaking the ground and rippling the stagnant water as it trembles. A noise like a mix between a whistle and a screech pierces the silence as air is squeezed through the gaps of its shell.

I try to scramble away from the titanic worm, but I slip on the slick clay of the slope.

>>
No. 853625 ID: 6ed061

okay, spoiler tags were done correctly. time to bump this.
>>
No. 853630 ID: 87ba6a

>>853624
O shit! Plunge that spear DEEPER! Or pour more of your own venom in that wound!
>>
No. 853632 ID: b53bd0

throw spear into it's undamaged eye and leg it. it being at last somewhat blind in both eyes should make it hard for it to track you.
>>
No. 853640 ID: e85fea

...whelp... might be a good time to start running like hell
>>
No. 853644 ID: d5b450

>>853624
Exit, stage right
>>
No. 853652 ID: 3abd97

>>853624
Well it was nice knowing you.
>>
No. 854332 ID: 95d58b

>>853622
I forgot slizers are huuuuuuuge
>>853624
Time to hide

Let that spear go, withdrawing it will anger the creature! There's no hope or purpose in killing the beast. Don't head straight back to kids, you can circle around a little bit the clay pits and make sure the beast loses sight of you. The beast won't chase a measly morsel like you.
>>
No. 855232 ID: 6ed061
File 151482665231.png - (211.77KB , 800x600 , puruu40.png )
855232

>...whelp... might be a good time to start running like hell

Frantically, I begin kicking at the ground to try and get some distance from the slizer,-

>Exit, stage right

-but I'm stopped by the wall of wet clay now pressed against my back.
>>
No. 855234 ID: 6ed061
File 151482675884.png - (135.83KB , 800x600 , puruu41.png )
855234

>throw spear into it's undamaged eye and leg it. it being at last somewhat blind in both eyes should make it hard for it to track you.

Either out of panic, or being in a position which doesn't allow for proper windup, my throw is off, only managing to graze the eye.

>Well it was nice knowing you.
>>
No. 855235 ID: 6ed061
File 151482684157.png - (72.08KB , 800x600 , puruu42.png )
855235

I yank at you, pulling the leather cord tied to you loose, and wind up for a pitch. Before you're sent flying at the beast, I stop, having realized something. The slizer has not turned toward me. It hasn't snatched me up in its jaws. I'm still alive. "I-it's... It's para- It's paralyzed. It's still paralyzed!"
>>
No. 855236 ID: 6ed061
File 151482706497.png - (169.91KB , 800x600 , puruu43.png )
855236

>Plunge that spear DEEPER! Or pour more of your own venom in that wound!

I nod and quickly lift myself up off of the ground to retrieve the sturdier looking spear that I pulled from the slizer's mandible.

The immense creature trembles as I approach it, trying with all its might to snatch me up in its jaws. Thankfully the venom coursing through its body still renders the slizer mostly paralyzed. With spear in hand, I feel along the the gap in it's shell behind the head, searching for its pulse is the strongest. Climbing atop it, I feel the weakened pulsation of a major blood vessel.

With my new spear, I lance one of the spots along my right head flap to extract the concentrated poison stored within. With the weapon envenomed, I thrust the spear into the slizer's nape. It tries to roll or shake me off despite its incapacitated state, but my feet retain their grip to the surface of its shell. I plunge the spear in again, throwing all of my weight into it. Then again. And again. With each strike, I drive the pole-arm deeper and deeper into the worms flesh until it hits its mark. From the pierced artery, a spray of blood erupts.

>>
No. 855270 ID: d544d2

Did you just try to throw us. How rude. ; )-( ;
>>
No. 855278 ID: e45686

>>855236
Just killed yourself a Slizer. You should probably make a necklace of it's teeth, and eat it's flesh for strength. Hell. Its fun for the whole family, get the kids on in here!
>>
No. 855287 ID: bf880c

>>855278
This, looks like we're having BBQ tonight
>>
No. 855288 ID: 33cbe7

>>855287
Yay, we can invite all our friends!
...oh.
>>
No. 855314 ID: b1b4f3

Personally I'd like to get away from it and let it bleed to death. That's not an immediately fatal wound, now is it?
>>
No. 855374 ID: b53bd0

just burrow into it's brain and destroy it.
>>
No. 855695 ID: 460ea3

>>855236
Ensure the death of the Slizer, preferably from a safe distance.
Then, when it's really dead, grab all the meat you can scavenge, before other scavengers or hostiles can gather. You'll need it for Gengwaku and Tamri's sake as well.
>>
No. 864492 ID: 7579d8
File 151776941907.png - (155.56KB , 800x600 , puruu44.png )
864492

>just burrow into it's brain and destroy it.

"..."


>Personally I'd like to get away from it and let it bleed to death. That's not an immediately fatal wound, now is it?
>Ensure the death of the Slizer, preferably from a safe distance. Then, when it's really dead, grab all the meat you can scavenge, before other scavengers or hostiles can gather. You'll need it for Gengwaku and Tamri's sake as well.

"Sounds like a good plan."

>Just killed yourself a Slizer. You should probably make a necklace of it's teeth, and eat it's flesh for strength. Hell. Its fun for the whole family, get the kids on in here!
>This, looks like we're having BBQ tonight
>Yay, we can invite all our friends!
>...oh.

Before I'm able to leave, what you say makes me aware of how I haven't had anything to eat since early last evening. With everything that has happened, the feeling of hunger haven't been noticeable. My grip slides down the shaft of the spear as I get down on one knee, baring my teeth to take a bite of the slizer's exposed flesh.
>>
No. 864493 ID: 7579d8
File 151776947420.png - (173.38KB , 800x600 , puruu45.png )
864493

Before I have the chance, some shouts are heard coming from my left. Glancing over, I see four people grouped up in the ruins of the kilns.
>>
No. 864495 ID: 7579d8
File 151776954581.png - (158.19KB , 800x600 , puruu46.png )
864495

The tallest of the group points in my direction, and the shorter two armed with a bow and a spear begin to approach my location.

>Did you just try to throw us. How rude. ; )-( ;

"Not a good time for this," I whisper, harshly.
>>
No. 864498 ID: b1b4f3

Do you recognize them? If not, running and hiding would be the best plan.
>>
No. 864592 ID: 3abd97

>>864495
Caution would probably be appropriate, since you have no idea if they're hostile.

Hopefully pointing in this direction is because of the slizer, and not that they've already made you.
>>
No. 864707 ID: d36af7

Nah, forget stealth. Go for casual intimidation. "Hi there! Glad to see you. I just finished killing this thing, but I don't think I'll be able to eat it all by myself. You hungry? Go right ahead and chow down, plenty for everybody."
>>
No. 864724 ID: 90124d

Intimidation is the way to go, They already know you're there. Try to not act scared or anything and claimed you killed this beast.
>>
No. 871326 ID: 6b7d70
File 152005892032.png - (367.83KB , 1024x768 , puruu47.png )
871326

>Do you recognize them? If not, running and hiding would be the best plan.
>Caution would probably be appropriate, since you have no idea if they're hostile.
>Nah, forget stealth. Go for casual intimidation.
>Intimidation is the way to go, They already know you're there. Try to not act scared or anything and claimed you killed this beast.

I duck behind a bladed ridge on the slizer's back and peer out from behind it.

>Hopefully pointing in this direction is because of the slizer, and not that they've already made you.

"I don't think they could have missed me," I whisper, brushing off some reddish flakes of dried clay.

As the two of them pass behind the nearby hexis tree, I dash to the next back ridge. Keeping a watch with my peripheral vision, I see the two stop.

"We know you're here! Come out!" the one with a spear yells.

"We don't want trouble," calls out the archer. His hand seems ready to retrieve an arrow from a quiver.

I stay hidden behind cover.

The archer sighs. "Maybe they saw us and ran off?"

"Yeah, probably. You climb up top and keep lookout. I'll see if they've gone down into the pit," the younger looking of the two orders.

As they begin their search, I do my best to remain out of sight. The archer, however, notices my footprints leading down the slizer's back after climbing up. For a moment, the relative silence is disturbed by a familiar whistling as slizer shudders again, weakly.
>>
No. 871327 ID: 6b7d70
File 152005913264.png - (346.09KB , 800x600 , puruu48.png )
871327

With only that briefest of warnings, it unleashes a stream of caustic spittle. From below, a scream pierces the air.

"Are you okay?!"

"It's just my tail," the one with the spear replies. "I'll be- Behind you!"
>>
No. 871328 ID: 6b7d70
File 152005944342.png - (180.84KB , 1024x768 , puruu49.png )
871328

I take advantage of the distraction and get up behind the archer, poised with the spear's head nestled between his tied-up flaps.

"Drop the bow."

He freezes.

"Unless... Unless you want me to do to you what I did to this slizer," I add.

He then lowers his bow, taking a deep breath. "Is that-" he starts, slowly turning to face me.
>>
No. 871329 ID: 6b7d70
File 152005951220.png - (243.45KB , 800x600 , puruu50.png )
871329

With a quick flick upward, I slice through the archer's headband. He lets loose a startled yelp as his flaps flop back over his shoulders and releases his grip from the bow.

"Don't move," I tell the archer, positioning myself so that he acts as a living shield against his comrade. "Looks like I've taken charge here. What should we do now?
>>
No. 871331 ID: 831a73

First up, talking. Who and what are you guys doing should be good.
>>
No. 871338 ID: b1b4f3

Now that you're closer and haven't killed them or said hello, I assume you don't recognize them. They're not from your village nor are they raiders? Then... looters or rescuers, I assume.

Ask them who they are, and if there are more of them.
>>
No. 871363 ID: ad51b8

who the hell are these guys? If you don't recognize them ask them why they attack your village and why they're still here when they've killed everyone else.

Not saying they are part of the tribe that attacked you but if they believe that you think they are they're more likely to answer your questions quickly as they probably don't want a spear up the ass.
>>
No. 871364 ID: 074011

Ask them to describe what they did since they got to this village, quickly. Hopefully they can't come up with a convincing lie of an entire excursion in a hurry and will have visible emotions about telling someone with a spear how they picked over the remains of a destroyed village.
>>
No. 871443 ID: 3abd97

>>871329
Who are you, and what the hell are you doing here.
>>
No. 893042 ID: fcde5d
File 153168804631.png - (368.99KB , 1024x768 , puruu51.png )
893042

"Is someone else here?"

>First up, talking. Who and what are you guys doing should be good.

>Now that you're closer and haven't killed them or said hello, I assume you don't recognize them. They're not from your village nor are they raiders? Then... looters or rescuers, I assume.

>Ask them who they are, and if there are more of them.

>who the hell are these guys? If you don't recognize them ask them why they attack your village and why they're still here when they've killed everyone else.

>Not saying they are part of the tribe that attacked you but if they believe that you think they are they're more likely to answer your questions quickly as they probably don't want a spear up the ass.

>Ask them to describe what they did since they got to this village, quickly. Hopefully they can't come up with a convincing lie of an entire excursion in a hurry and will have visible emotions about telling someone with a spear how they picked over the remains of a destroyed village.

"Mmhm. Mhm."I listen and nod. A quick glance of my surroundings shows that the other two people left while these two came here. It's also noticed that flow of slizer blood has slowed to a small trickle, and the whistling breath has faded. I return my attention to the man before me. "Who are you and what are you doing?" I then ask him, poking the back of his head, lightly enough to not pierce the skin.

"Survivors! We're survivors from the attack last night," he blurts out. "A handful of us found each other at the chompa skeleton out east."

I begin to think about what he just said until he speaks again. "Can I ask you something?"

"Alright," I respond with a nod.

"Ah, um. Your voice, and how it sounds like you're talking to nobody. It's Nies behind me, ri-" I cut him off before he can finish, grabbing his shoulder and turning him to face me. The archer stumbles for a moment, catching himself before falling from the slizer's back. We both look each other over. "I-it is you," he joyously exclaims.

"Do I know you?" I ask.
>>
No. 893043 ID: fcde5d
File 153168810139.png - (371.64KB , 800x600 , puruu52.png )
893043

Below, the other person with the spear had been keeping an eye on me. When I suddenly grabbed her companion, she wound up for a throw until

hearing the archer's exclamation. "Wha- Who's up there?" she yells.

"It's Neis!" he responds.

"Neis?" she repeats back to him. "Really?"

Archer responds "Uh huh! She's got that thing around her n-"

"I am Neis," I say, cutting the archer off mid sentence. "Who's down there?"

"'W-who's down'" she stammers. "'Who's down there?' If you're really Neis, or anyone actually from Slodome, you'd know who I am!
>>
No. 893044 ID: fcde5d
File 153168852621.png - (293.85KB , 1000x1000 , puruu53.png )
893044

"Don't tell me," I mutter under my breath, pushing past the archer to get focus on his companion's face.

As I climb over onto the slizers head, shouts of "Sangka! Don't just stand there" can be heard from below.

The archer, hesitates as I slide along the great worm's face to the upper mandibles, shouting "settle down, Reimei," to the person below.

"So you are her," she says, then calling out "You're not such a fool after all, Sangka." Her view shifts from the archer back to me. "Now what's the deal with acting like you didn't recognize me, of all people?"

"I just couldn't see that was you from up over there," I call down with her now in full view. "Not that I'd really need to now with that ego of yours showing itself."

"Hey! How many times do I need to tell you? A little confidence and pride are traits of a great warrior."

I laugh. "Ah, it's good to see you again."
>>
No. 893047 ID: 33cbe7

Maybe you should wash off some of that blood before uniting your two bands of survivors, Punished Puruu.
>>
No. 893051 ID: 91ee5f

>>893044
Now that you know these guys are friendly, you should go get those kids and tell them that it’s safe to come out.

>"Now what's the deal with acting like you didn't recognize me, of all people?"
I think that giant hole in your head might be the reason why you had such a hard time recognizing her and the archer.

Luckily it wasn’t even worse, otherwise you might not have even remembered your own name!
>>
No. 893053 ID: b1b4f3

Alright, tell them you found a couple kids, and let's go find them. I think it's time to do a sweep of the rest of the settlement and see if there are any more people hiding here. Then we can go to the camp.
>>
No. 893063 ID: dbf422

Ah before you can actually have a reunion and eventually get to that spawning pool, let's go find those kids and make sure they're okay.
>>
No. 893068 ID: ad51b8

alright good, their friends. I guess grab the kids, find something to wash off the blood, then ask what happened. You remember the initial battle where the village was attacked but you got knocked out pretty quickly so the next thing you know is that the village is like... this.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason