[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
In memory of Flyin' Black Jackson
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 676992)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 24201 unique user posts. View catalog

File 144505536105.png - (413.30KB , 800x600 , pq1.png )
676992 No. 676992 ID: 3bc92d

Expand all images
>>
No. 676994 ID: 3bc92d
File 144505544329.png - (515.70KB , 800x600 , pq2.png )
676994

“I don’t know about this, Anna. Maybe this wasn’t such a good idea.”

“What, backing out now? Chicken!”

“A-aren’t you scared? Everyone says this place is haunted! Before he died, the old man who owned this place was super into occult stuff, you know!”

“Oh please. It’s not as if scary stories have ever stopped us before.”

“Yeah, but this is different. Come on, Anna! We’re trespassing!”

“All of the coolest places are private property, Lo. A spooky old mansion in the woods? This is kid stuff. Remember the time I went to Pripyat?”

Please don’t talk about the time you went to Pripyat. The pictures were way more than enough for me. Honestly, I just don’t think I’m cut out for this.”

“Come on, give it a chance. Look, I swear that it’s going to be really fun, okay? Exploring old, abandoned places is totally my thing. I won’t let you get hurt.”

“You promise?”

“I promise, you big baby. Watch, I’ll even go through the door first, just to show you it’s sa-”
>>
No. 676995 ID: 3bc92d
File 144505545347.gif - (234.23KB , 800x600 , pq3.gif )
676995

>>
No. 676996 ID: 3bc92d
File 144505553669.png - (369.45KB , 800x600 , pq4.png )
676996

Possession complete!

Host: Annabella Wickerson

Control: 100%

Multiple Spirits


“Anna! What was that? It looked like something electrical exploded! Are you okay?”
>>
No. 676997 ID: 46df9e

Yes Lo, I am perfectly fine. Now that we are done here let us go enjoy some of those leisurely activities we living beings enjoy so much.
>>
No. 676998 ID: 5ad4a7

>>676996
There is no Anna, only ZUUL.
>>
No. 676999 ID: d43445

Say boo.
>>
No. 677000 ID: b5b419

>>676996
>>676997
Yes, we definitely need to explore the rest of this wonderful place, come on!
>>
No. 677003 ID: f80256

>Anna! What was that?
Ghosts.

Hey, Anna, you still in here with us?
>>
No. 677004 ID: 2ccbb3

Ow. Strobe effect.

Look, if we're here, that means there's a quest or a mission that we gotta do. So just work with us and we should be able to eject from Anna, possibly before we complete our objectives. Tell you what, if we find a stash of material loot, you and your squad get 100% of the take.

So, you must be Lo. Nice to meet you, should we call you something else?
>>
No. 677005 ID: 3bc92d
File 144505653638.png - (308.84KB , 800x600 , pq5.png )
677005

“Yes Lo, I am perfectly fine. Now that we are done here let us go enjoy some of those leisurely activities we living beings enjoy so much.”

“We’re done? But we just got here.”

“Yes. We definitely need to explore the rest of this wonderful place, come on! There’s a quest or a mission we’ve got to do.”

“Hold on. Are you okay, Anna?”

“There is no Anna, only ZUUL.”

“Ha ha. Very funny. Seriously, what just happened to you?”

Ghosts. Boo!”

“Could you please stop? I know you don’t believe in the occult, but I’m actually pretty scared, okay?”

>Hey, Anna, you still in here with us?

Host Awareness: Off

Would you like to turn Host Awareness on?

>>
No. 677007 ID: 5ad4a7

>>677005
(N)

Call him a wuss and drag him inside with us. Let's go find some occult stuff.
>>
No. 677008 ID: 2ccbb3

Nah. Leave her unconscious.

Begin intense hugging. Proceed to hug-roll on the floor until you reach the stairs or the nearest exit.
>>
No. 677013 ID: f80256

>Would you like to turn Host Awareness on?
Huh. Well, now I'm torn.

If she's currently trapped in her own body, letting her talk to us and have input is probably better than screaming in the dark. But if she's unconscious right now, it might be kinder to leave her that way and think she experienced a blackout than waking her up and subjecting her to experience being a prisoner in her own body. Plus, we don't know if being aware while possessed will hurt.

Um. Y? Let's just see what is does.

>Could you please stop? I know you don’t believe in the occult, but I’m actually pretty scared, okay?
Okay, okay, I'm sorry. Everything is fine, I'll try to stop being weird. Don't wuss out on me, here.
>>
No. 677028 ID: 3bc92d
File 144505839322.png - (452.24KB , 800x600 , pq6.png )
677028

Host Awareness: Off

Details: Host Awareness, when active, allows the Host’s Spirit to communicate, but only with the other Spirits inside the Host. As with the other Spirits, the Host’s Spirit will be able to observe and feel everything that the Host observes and feels, but without any direct control.

Host Awareness can be turned on or off at any time.


>Begin intense hugging.
>drag him inside with us.

“Okay, okay, I’m sorry. Everything is fine. I’ll try to stop being weird.” The Host hugs Lo.

“H-hey, what are you doing?!”

“Come on, don’t wuss out on me, here.” The Host drags Lo into the building and shuts the door.

“Anna, what the hell?!”
>>
No. 677029 ID: f80256

That really doesn't clarify what the host is experiencing when it's off. All we know is they can't communicate, which at worst means it's a mute button, not a sleep button.

Turn on. Let's see how she's doing, and maybe see if she can give us some context.

Quick, Anna, what are you doing here?

>Anna, what the hell?!
I brought us inside, like we were going to. And I tried to comfort your scardey self. Didn't work, I guess.
>>
No. 677035 ID: 5ad4a7

>>677028
Tell him to check the kitchen, we'll go upstairs.
>>
No. 677036 ID: f2461f

Let's go upstairs, the kitchen is probably moldy and gross.
>>
No. 677039 ID: 3bc92d
File 144506162314.png - (377.79KB , 800x600 , pq7.png )
677039

Host Awareness: On

:hostannaspooked: Ack! I’m back? I’m back! Lo, what happened? Did something hit me? It felt like I was on fire and frozen all at once, and then it was like I was… somewhere else. Did I pass out? I thought I was dead. It was so dark…”

>Quick, Anna, what are you doing here?

:hostannanormal: “What? Who said that? Where are you?”

“I’m waiting for an explanation, Anna.”

“I brought us inside, like we were going to, and I tried to comfort your scaredy self.” The Host lets Lo go. “Didn’t work, I guess.”

:hostannaspooked: ”What? Why did I say that? Why can’t I move? Hello? Lo! Lo, can’t you hear me?!”

“I - I guess I can understand that.” Lo shrugs. “Well… we’re inside. Exploring is your deal, so… what do we do first?”

"I'll go upstairs. You go check out the kitchen. "

"W-wait, what? Why do we have to split up?"

:hostannasad: "Please, Lo, please! What's happening to me? Mystery voice, you - you can hear me, right?! Tell me what's going on!"
>>
No. 677040 ID: 5ad4a7

>>677039
Anna: WE ARE IN CONTROL NOW.

Tell him he's been a scardey cat, but okay. Hey, go look at the painting.
>>
No. 677043 ID: f2461f

We're "borrowing" your body for a spell. Preferably you can cooperate with us until either our goals are met or a better host presents itself.
Now, what is your relationship with Lo? Is he valuable to you or expendable?
>>
No. 677044 ID: f80256

>Please, Lo, please! What's happening to me? Mystery voice, you - you can hear me, right?! Tell me what's going on!
So... it turns out that spooky haunted place you were exploring was filled with ghosts. And you were the first living person to stop by in a long time. So when you popped up we all rushed over in excitement and... well you're kind of possessed, sorry.

The good news is you're not actually hurt and most of aren't really bad sorts, for ghosts!

The bad news is you're not in control until we leave.

So... wanna talk? It's not ever day you get the chance to chat up a bunch of spirits. And maybe you could help fill us in? We can drive the body, but we're not mind readers. So we're kind of guessing when it comes to acting like you and not freaking your friend out. We'd kind of prefer not to make him think you went crazy or something before we go.
>>
No. 677048 ID: a8cc6b

>Please, Lo, please! What's happening to me? Mystery voice, you - you can hear me, right?! Tell me what's going on!

you got possessed, nyucka. its what you get for disrespecting property laws, you ghostbusting scrub.
>>
No. 677049 ID: 955c3f

How do you feel about Lo? You seem like nice kids.
>>
No. 677051 ID: 0ed6e9

>W-wait, what? Why do we have to split up?
well you said I'm being weird so I figured you were getting tired of me and you said you didn't like this place so I figured you'd like it if we searched the place quickly and called it a night. If you want to stick together though I won't complain. we can just start with the first floor and hit the kitchen.

So if you're still worried about this place we can just talk, I don't really care what it's about, hell you can just tell me about your day. I'm sure that will help take your mind off this place, just keep an eye open for anything interesting.
>>
No. 677052 ID: ad936f

Sorry Anna, we run this shit now. Don't worry, you won't feel a thing. [turn host awareness back off]
>>
No. 677056 ID: 3bc92d
File 144506528736.png - (463.37KB , 800x600 , pq8.png )
677056

>WE ARE IN CONTROL NOW.
>Sorry, Anna, we run this shit now.
>We’re ‘borrowing’ your body for a spell.

:hostannaangry: “What?! No! You’re lying! Who are you? What did you do to me?!”

“Well, you said I was being weird, so I figured you were getting tired of me. It’s fine, though, scaredy cat, we can stick together for now.” The Host wanders over and takes a look at the painting.

Lo follows the Host's gaze. “Oh. That’s the old guy who owned this place, I think.” Lo shivers. “Super creepy, right? He was into tons of occult stuff.”

>So... it turns out that spooky haunted place you were exploring was filled with ghosts. And you were the first living person to stop by in a long time. So when you popped up we all rushed over in excitement and... well you're kind of possessed, sorry.

:hostannaspooked: “Possessed? You… you’re not lying, are you? Holy shit. Holy shit! Get the hell out of me! Get out of me right now!

>Preferably you can cooperate with us until either our goals are met or a better host presents itself.
>maybe you could help fill us in? We can drive the body, but we're not mind readers. So we're kind of guessing when it comes to acting like you and not freaking your friend out. We'd kind of prefer not to make him think you went crazy or something before we go.

:hostannaangry: “Do you actually expect me to help you? You’re hijacking my body!”

>How do you feel about Lo?
>what is your relationship with Lo? Is he valuable to you or expendable?

:hostannaspooked: “What? Valuable! Definitely valuable! We’ve been best friends since we were kids. You - you wouldn’t hurt him, would you?”

>You seem like nice kids.

:hostannanormal: “…thanks?”

“If you’re still worried about this place, we could talk.” The Host turns to Lo. “I don’t really care what it’s about. Hell, you can just tell me about your day.”

“Uh… it’s been alright, I guess. Woke up early, brushed my teeth, crazy friend rushed me off to go explore a sketchy abandoned mansion… Are you sure you’re feeling okay, Anna?”
>>
No. 677059 ID: 0ed6e9

>Are you sure you’re feeling okay, Anna?
I'm ok, just there's something about this place that just feels... different. Eh it's probably just dust or something. So let's check out that kitchen! Think it still has any food left after all this time?

>Get the hell out of me! Get out of me right now!”
would you be surprised if I were to say I'm not really sure how... I mean you're the first living thing that's been here since god knows when so we're kind of out of practice with this. Don't worry I'm sure everything will work out. Well unless the old man summoned something that he probably shouldn't have and it's still lurking around here. Then we might have problems.
>>
No. 677060 ID: ad936f

Oh yeeaahhh that guy! That... guyy... Who was that guy again?

Hey, we ain't really the "vengeful spirits" kinda ghosts, but we also ain't stupid. When an opportunity like this falls into your lap you don't just pass it up. We'll just be usin' your body for a bit, try to figure some stuff out in this house y'know, maybe unleash ourselves onto the unsuspecting outside world. I dunno, we'll see how it goes. The point is that as long as you cooperate with us we won't have you make out with and/or murder your friend here. Speaking of cooperation, what would you usually say in a situation like this?
>>
No. 677061 ID: b6eb03

We won't be murdering people. Unless you're being threatened and there's no other option. Last thing we want is people dying. Why did you even come into this house in the first place?
>>
No. 677064 ID: ad936f

>>677061
But we're ghosts! The more people that die, the more people that join our team!
>>
No. 677066 ID: b6eb03

>>677064

As someone who's been a ghost before, that might be true but they might not work with us after we got them killed. Not to mention how vengeful spirits act as well once we murder. It's pretty much not an option sadly but who knows?

Besides, we can't do anything physical unless we have other people and honestly it seems like the best route to begin with at least. I mean, do we even remember how we got here in the first place? I'd kinda like to find that out and I'm sure Anna would help us. Or not, it's up to her for me.
>>
No. 677087 ID: 3bc92d
File 144507645044.png - (417.02KB , 800x600 , pq10.png )
677087

“I’m okay, it’s just that there's something about this place that just feels... different.” The Host smiles and shrugs. “Eh, it's probably just dust or something.”

:hostannanormal: “Is that really supposed to be your impression of me? It’s garbage. Lo will never fall for it.”

“Well, okay, if you’re sure. This atmosphere is pretty oppressive.”

:hostannaangry: “Damn it, Lo, come on! That’s so not me! It’s just a bunch of stupid ghosts walking around in my body!”

>Hey, we ain't really the "vengeful spirits" kinda ghosts, but we also ain't stupid. When an opportunity like this falls into your lap you don't just pass it up. We'll just be usin' your body for a bit, try to figure some stuff out in this house y'know, maybe unleash ourselves onto the unsuspecting outside world. I dunno, we'll see how it goes.

:hostannasarcastic: “Wow. There goes the last of my hope that you might not be complete monsters.”

>The point is that as long as you cooperate with us we won't have you make out with and/or murder your friend here.

:hostannaspooked: “W-what?! No! No no no! Don’t hurt him! Please, I’ll do anything!”

>Speaking of cooperation, what would you usually say in a situation like this?

:hostannaspooked: “I - I - I don’t know! ‘Help me, Lo, my body has been taken over by ghosts!’? I have no idea what I’d say! Normal stuff, ‘how do you do’, I don’t know, I swear I don’t know! Please, just please don’t hurt him!”

>Don't worry I'm sure everything will work out. Well unless the old man summoned something that he probably shouldn't have and it's still lurking around here. Then we might have problems.

:hostannasarcastic: “Oh, thanks, that makes me feel so much better about having my body stolen.”

“So, let's check out that kitchen!” The Host claps and gestures at the kitchen door. “Think it still has any food left after all this time?”

“Hey, if you find any, it’s all yours. Count me out on any impromptu picnics, though. Eating food from a dead occultist’s house is basically just, like, begging to get haunte-”
>>
No. 677088 ID: 3bc92d
File 144507648428.png - (476.75KB , 800x600 , pq11.png )
677088

>>
No. 677089 ID: 3bc92d
File 144507650953.png - (426.84KB , 800x600 , pq12.png )
677089

:hostannaprescream:
>>
No. 677091 ID: 3bc92d
File 144507655819.png - (451.79KB , 800x600 , pq13.png )
677091

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAA”

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAA”

:hostannascream: “AAAAAAAAAAAAAA”
>>
No. 677093 ID: ad936f

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaa... it's just a skeleton. Wait, what's wrong with iT'S RIBS WHAT THE FUCK.

Okay, okay, we all need to calm down, it's probably just a skeleton and only cursed a little bit. What is the red stuff? Wait... why are the candles lit?

>“W-what?! No! No no no! Don’t hurt him! Please, I’ll do anything!”
Wow, you should probably try to do a better job at hiding your emotional weak spots. That said we aren't planning on hurting him, he's useful as a second set of hands and eyes, and as a hostage if it comes to that, which it won't.
>>
No. 677094 ID: 0ed6e9

HOLY FUCK IS THAT THING REAL!
>>
No. 677095 ID: f2461f

Lit candles are a fire hazard and should be blown out before thinking about the consequences. Once the candles have been taken care of flee upstairs were there are less skeletons, maybe more.
Also how did the police miss this?
>>
No. 677096 ID: 89941a

You should totally take advantage of your current closeness and give him a smooch.
>>
No. 677097 ID: 955c3f

You know about the occult, right Anna?! What skeleton lore do you have?!
>>
No. 677098 ID: 295a06

>>677087
>“Wow. There goes the last of my hope that you might not be complete monsters.”
I can't speak for these other guys, but I just want to use your body to indulge in the pleasures of the flesh for a little while.

Like eating! And not having stab wounds! Not that I've had stab wounds to feel for a while, but it's nice to be able to feel things without feeling those, you know?

So, ignoring the scary skeleton with occult markings on it, I have no idea what your taste buds are like. What kinds of foods do you recommend?
>>
No. 677099 ID: 0ed6e9

>>677096
not a good time, plus he might push us away.
>>
No. 677111 ID: 46df9e

Man this old guy loved his red lines and circles. This is the kitchen, so I think we should see what happens if we try to serve the skeleton some breakfast.
>>
No. 677117 ID: 2ccbb3

I think he's a merchant and/or craftsman of some sort. Let's try communicating with him, maybe we can buy something.

But yeah, if you want to run from the house screaming that's understandable.

Do either of you have something to barter with?
>>
No. 677122 ID: 3bc92d
File 144509162127.png - (428.48KB , 800x600 , pq14.png )
677122

“Holy fuck! Is that thing real?!

“I have no idea! Do you want to go check?”

“No way!” The Host nervously swallows air. “How could the police have missed this?”

“I don’t know! Maybe it showed up after they left?”

“What?!”

“I told you, I don’t know! I’m just guessing.” Lo mumbles nervously. “Anna, hey, don’t you feel like we’ve, you know, explored enough?”

“It - it’s just a skeleton. Even if its ribs are all, uh, all weird and… it’s got occult markings, and…”

“Anna, please, can we just go home now?”

“Well…”

:hostannaspooked: “No! No, don’t you dare! It’s not your home to go back to, it’s mine! You can’t just steal my life!”

>Wow, you should probably try to do a better job at hiding your emotional weak spots.

:hostannaangry: “Shut up! You made me a prisoner in my own body and threatened to kill my closest friend. Who wouldn’t be a little emotional?”

>we aren't planning on hurting him, he's useful as a second set of hands and eyes, and as a hostage if it comes to that, which it won't.

:hostannanormal: “I guess that’s a bit comforting, in its own fucked-up kind of way.”

>I can't speak for these other guys, but I just want to use your body to indulge in the pleasures of the flesh for a little while.

:hostannasarcastic: “…I really hope that you’re not talking about what I think you’re talking about.”

>Like eating! And not having stab wounds! Not that I've had stab wounds to feel for a while, but it's nice to be able to feel things without feeling those, you know?

:hostannanormal: “Just eating? Okay, that’s - that’s a lot better than what I was imagining. Sure, I guess I can imagine that being alive again would be nice, but… you can’t be alive by being me, okay? It’s not fair.”

>I have no idea what your taste buds are like. What kinds of foods do you recommend?

:hostannasarcastic: “Garlic, holy water, and crosses made out of cold iron and silver. Boy, they really hit the spot. Yum.

>You know about the occult, right Anna?! What skeleton lore do you have?!

:hostannanormal: “I don’t know anything about the occult. That’s Lo’s deal. I used to think that the stuff he always rambled about was just goofy bullshit. Then I got possessed by some ghosts, and, well…”

>Why did you even come into this house in the first place?

:hostannanormal: “I just enjoy exploring abandoned places; I guess you could call it my hobby. This mansion seemed cool, so I wanted to check it out, and I figured I’d bring Lo along since he's into supernatural stuff.”
>>
No. 677123 ID: 3bc92d
File 144509174262.png - (503.67KB , 800x600 , pq15.png )
677123

“Anna, let’s just turn around and get out of here. We can call the police about this when we get back to my house.”

“Those lit candles are a fire hazard. We should blow them out before we do anything else.”

“Okay. Go do that, then.”

“Why do I have to do it?”

“Hey, it was your idea.”

“Yeah, I came up with the plan, so I’ve done half the work already. Now it’s your turn.”

“It doesn’t work like that!”

“It totally does.”

“Nuh-uh.

“Yuh-huh!

:hostannasarcastic: “You’re the dorkiest ghosts ever.”
>>
No. 677125 ID: 0e6ff2

And you're such a normie if it's come down to name-calling.
>>
No. 677126 ID: 46df9e

Oh I'll show you dorky. Say to Lo "Loser says what" as quick as you can.

If we want to see how long this has been here we should check how much melted wax there is on the table. The less there is the more recent this likely was.
>>
No. 677127 ID: 2ccbb3

>>677123
Don't make us eat candles with your face.

But in all seriousness, that's some good cutlery. Let's pick up a few knives and some metal pans for weapons and armor.

THEN poke the skeleton.
>>
No. 677128 ID: f7c760

H-hey! This place is spooky OK!?
>>
No. 677130 ID: 0e6ff2

Are you seriously suggesting that we put your body in harm's way?

Guys, you heard her, we have permission to go CRAZY in this fleshbag!
>>
No. 677160 ID: 025c3c

>It’s not your home to go back to, it’s mine! You can’t just steal my life!
We're not going to your house, Anna. I'm not even sure we get to stick around when you walk out of this one.

>Just eating? Okay, that’s - that’s a lot better than what I was imagining. Sure, I guess I can imagine that being alive again would be nice, but… you can’t be alive by being me, okay? It’s not fair.
Life ain't fair, kiddo. Nor unlife.

*Breath deeply* Ooh, air in our lungs, nice. Actual lungs, nice!

Look, possession is almost never a long term thing. We're not stealing your life, we're stealing your day. Carpe Diem. Or something like that. This isn't permanent, right? So why not play along? We'd prefer Lo never knew anything was wrong, and you just go back to whatever when we're done.

>Wow. There goes the last of my hope that you might not be complete monsters.
Hey, if we were complete monsters we'd be... I dunno. Doing horrible things to your body or your friend there while making you watch and laughing. Or just shoving you back in the box where no one can hear you and leaving you to panic.

We wouldn't be exploring and acting like dorks with Lo and trying to reassure you. We're not evil demon sadists or whatever.

>You’re the dorkiest ghosts ever.
You're welcome to offer your own input as to what we should be doing here.
>>
No. 677173 ID: 0e6ff2

>“Wow. There goes the last of my hope that you might not be complete monsters.”

We're not. You need to understand that an..."out of body experience" such as ours leaves certain marks. We've kinda lost track of our moral code.

In simpler terms, we're more desperate than evil.
>>
No. 677180 ID: 945fb0

...Man you guys are a bunch a dicks.

Hey Anna am going to try something that may or may not work.

Oi, Red Voice decrease Host Control by 50%
>>
No. 677182 ID: 025c3c

>>677180
What, so she can start screaming and struggling and Lo freaks the fuck out? Nope. Veto.
>>
No. 677184 ID: 0e6ff2

>>677180
Veto. She doesn't trust us and in that mistrust she may hurt herself and/or Lo. We don't need more spirits in this limbo we're in.
>>
No. 677188 ID: 066a87

Hey Anna do you have a driver's license? I want to get behind some wheels again. I want to feel the wind in my hair, the freedom of the open highway.
>>
No. 677191 ID: ad936f

>>677180
lol, nope.

>>677123
Hey! We're just trying to leave your meat puppet in better condition than we found it in. also this place is spooky. Speaking of which, we're probably going to have to put you on a diet, you slob ;p.

>>677122
>Just eating? Okay, that’s - that’s a lot better than what I was imagining.
Don't worry, if we did that other thing we would turn off your awareness first. And it would probably be with someone that wouldn't get you in trouble.
>You can’t just steal my life!
Your life was technically forfeit the moment you started trespassing on our property, but again, we weren't planning on it. Hopefully if we look around here enough we can figure out how to pass ourselves around like an std, or maybe just pass on to the next life, I dunno, we'll see how it goes.
>Garlic, holy water, and crosses made out of cold iron and silver.
That doesn't sound very healthy, I do like garlic though, so that's one thing we have in common.
>>
No. 677196 ID: 0e6ff2

>>677191
>Don't worry, if we did that other thing we would turn off your awareness first.
Oi, speak for yourself. Some of us don't really want to find out how a meatstick would feel inside.

>Your life was technically forfeit the moment you started trespassing on our property, but again, we weren't planning on it.
While true that she has basically discarded her life out of her own volition by coming here, you don't have to say it in a way that's so...malevolent-sounding. It'll just put her more at odds with us and that would be a shame since she is quite likable and downright amusing.
>>
No. 677204 ID: ad936f

>>677196
Who said a meatstick has to be involved?
Sounding malevolent is fun though, her reactions are priceless. And it's not as if she'll be able to do anything about it before she realizes that we are actually fairly harmless.
>>
No. 677206 ID: 025c3c

>if we did anything like that we'd turn off your awareness first
I'd prefer not turning her off at all, considering her rather unpleasant description of the experience.

Also, bodyjacking is one thing. Mind control rape is a step waaaaaay too far.
>>
No. 677207 ID: 0ed6e9

so uh Lo... Before one of us goes to blow out the candles do you know what any of those symbols mean? I mean you like freaky crap like this right?
>>
No. 677218 ID: b062fb

What are we afraid of? This isn't our body. Go sit on the skeleton's lap.
>>
No. 677219 ID: ad936f

>>677206
I thought that description was of the feeling of being initially possessed. It wouldn't be rape, she'd barely be involved. It'd still be creepy though, but so is everything we do. But none of that matters, because we aren't actually going to do any of that.
>>
No. 677221 ID: 0e6ff2

>>677219
Who votes that we keep an eye on this guy just in case?
>>
No. 677224 ID: 0fc976

Wow, you guys are the sissiest malevolent spirits EVER.

Those ritual candles are probably being utilized for some sort of, you know, ritual. Bad things happen when you interrupt one of those. We should keep searching around for some sort of journal or explanation to figure out what it does. It could be keeping the Old Ones asleep, for all we know! And if it was evil, I think it would have already done its unspeakable atrocities sometime between the old man biting it and now.
So come on! Let's get back to exploring, like "we" were supposed to. Muhahahaha. *Evil bum slap*
>>
No. 677251 ID: 066a87

So how good is our control of this body? Can we make it fart on command?
>>
No. 677266 ID: 3bc92d
File 144512503298.png - (341.30KB , 800x600 , pq16.png )
677266

>So how good is our control of this body? Can we make it fart on command?

Details: At the current level of Control (100%) you have the same level of accessibility over the Host that the Host Spirit normally would. This includes the capacity to perform any action that the Host is physically capable of performing. In addition, as Free Spirits, you have abilities known as Spirit Commands which allow for certain metaphysical activities.

Would you like to see the current list of known Spirit Commands?


>H-hey! This place is spooky OK!?
>Hey! We're just trying to leave your meat puppet in better condition than we found it in. also this place is spooky. Speaking of which, we're probably going to have to put you on a diet, you slob

:hostannasarcastic: “Why are you so spooked? Also, a diet? Seriously? Did I get possessed by a bunch of jittery fitness nuts?”

>What are we afraid of? This isn't our body. Go sit on the skeleton's lap.
>Are you seriously suggesting that we put your body in harm's way? Guys, you heard her, we have permission to go CRAZY in this fleshbag!
>Don't make us eat candles with your face.

:hostannaspooked: “Whoa, whoa, hey, wait, stop! Look, on second thought, you being a bunch of jittery fitness nuts is fine by me! I’d just prefer it if you weren’t, you know, stealing my body.

>Hopefully if we look around here enough we can figure out how to pass ourselves around like an std, or maybe just pass on to the next life, I dunno, we'll see how it goes.
>Look, possession is almost never a long term thing. We're not stealing your life, we're stealing your day. Carpe Diem. Or something like that. This isn't permanent, right? So why not play along? We'd prefer Lo never knew anything was wrong, and you just go back to whatever when we're done.

:hostannanormal: “If… if you sincerely promise to leave, then I guess I could let you use my body, just for a little while. Y-you can’t have sex or do anything crazy like that, though, okay?”

>Don't worry, if we did that […] we would turn off your awareness first. And it would probably be with someone that wouldn't get you in trouble.

:hostannaspooked: “What?! No, don’t do it at all! And… ‘turn off my awareness’…? A-are you talking about putting me back in that dark place?! No, please don’t! It’s bad enough being trapped and helpless like this! Don’t send me away!”

>Some of us don't really want to find out how a meatstick would feel inside.
>Hey, if we were complete monsters we'd be... I dunno. Doing horrible things to your body or your friend there while making you watch and laughing. Or just shoving you back in the box where no one can hear you and leaving you to panic. We wouldn't be exploring and acting like dorks with Lo and trying to reassure you. We're not evil demon sadists or whatever.
>You need to understand that an..."out of body experience" such as ours leaves certain marks. We've kinda lost track of our moral code. In simpler terms, we're more desperate than evil.

:hostannanormal: “Okay… okay. Calm. I’m calm. So, uh… not that I believe you, but… if you aren’t evil, then what are you planning to do with my body?’

The Host breathes deeply.

>Ooh, air in our lungs, nice. Actual lungs, nice!

:hostannasarcastic: “Wait, really? Did you honestly possess me just so you could breathe?

>Hey Anna do you have a driver's license? I want to get behind some wheels again. I want to feel the wind in my hair, the freedom of the open highway.

:hostannanormal: “Yeah, I have a license. My truck is parked outside, too. Where exactly are you planning to go? You can’t go home to my family, o-okay?!”

>We're not going to your house, Anna. I'm not even sure we get to stick around when you walk out of this one.

:hostannanormal: “Thanks. That’s… it’s good to hear. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I’m still royally pissed at you for taking control of me, but… this could be a lot worse, I think.“
>>
No. 677270 ID: 3bc92d
File 144512542628.png - (375.03KB , 800x600 , pq17.png )
677270

“Hey. Earth to Anna, come in, Anna." Lo sighs, exasperated. "Come on, don't space out at a time like this!"

The Host blinks. “Sorry, Lo. There’s just a lot going on in my head.”

“I know what you mean. Skeletons, man! Walking in here, I was ready for the worst, but I wasn’t prepared for skeletons. I mean, seriously, who is prepared for skeletons? Nobody, that’s who.”

“Well, it’s not skeletons, just a skeleton. There’s only the one.”

“Yeah, as far as we know! We need to get the hell out of here, Ann. Go blow out the candles, already.”

“I don’t know. I’m starting to wonder whether we should mess with it or not. It sort of looks like a ritual or something. Hey, before we do anything, do you know what any of those symbols are? I mean, you like freaky crap like this, right?”

“What? Hey, I don’t like skeletons!”

“You know what I mean.”

“Yeah, I know, but... the table’s too far away for me to make out anything I recognize. Just lots of swirly circles and lines in red paint. Oh, shit, th-that is red paint, isn’t it?”

“Well, when you go over there to blow out the candles, you can take a better look at everything.”

“Yeah, right! That’s not happening.”

“Don’t be a baby. Just do it.”

“If it’s that easy, then you can do it yourself.”

“Yeah, but… Losersayswhat?

“What?”

“Hah! Got you! Go on, Lo-ser, get cracking.”

“No fair! Call me a loser all you want, but I’m still not going to go over there.”

:hostannasarcastic: “This is ridiculous.”

>You're welcome to offer your own input as to what we should be doing here.

:hostannanormal: “Are you being serious? Well, first off, calmly and clearly tell Lo that I’ve been possessed. It’s too cruel, pretending to be me. Once you’re done with that, just quickly walk over to the table, blow out the candles, and then turn around and run directly outside through the front door. Not that I actually expect you to listen to me, but…
>>
No. 677272 ID: 89941a

How about trying to stick yer hand on the middle between those candles? Or a drop of blood, or whatever these occult rituals might be powered by.
>>
No. 677274 ID: 12fa81

Just go over there and blow out those spooky candles. And check the spirit commands! Maybe smooch that skeleton.
>>
No. 677277 ID: 0e6ff2

But, Anna, since you are a skeptic when it comes to supernatural, wouldn't Lo just think we're mocking him by telling him we possessed you? To prove it, we'd probably have to do some horrifying things and we cannot be certain your body will endure it.

Hey, how are those mobile telecommunications coming along? Do cell phones have better reception now? Let's ask Lo if he knows someone more knowledgeable than him about this freaky crap and call that person for advice.
>>
No. 677278 ID: b6eb03

I agree with Lo knowing along with blowing out the candles, it should be all good.

Also yes, let us see the spirit commands!
>>
No. 677279 ID: 0ed6e9

>Would you like to see the current list of known Spirit Commands?
yes

>Well, first off, calmly and clearly tell Lo that I’ve been possessed.
would he even believe us? I mean if the situation was reversed and we were in Lo and out of nowhere told you we were possessed would you think Lo would be telling the truth or just pulling a cheap gag? Also if assuming he did believe us what are the chances that he'd freak out and run off by himself?

>No fair! Call me a loser all you want, but I’m still not going to go over there.
Fine. But if the skeleton comes to life and grabs me or something I'm blaming you.

Then go over and blow out the candles.
>>
No. 677284 ID: 025c3c

>Would you like to see the current list of known Spirit Commands?
Hell yes.

>“If… if you sincerely promise to leave, then I guess I could let you use my body, just for a little while. Y-you can’t have sex or do anything crazy like that, though, okay?”
You've got yourself a Deal. We promise to eventually leave.

>A-are you talking about putting me back in that dark place?! No, please don’t! It’s bad enough being trapped and helpless like this! Don’t send me away!
>Wait, really? Did you honestly possess me just so you could breathe?
...we possessed you because we saw a light from our own dark places. For the first time in years, we could experience something instead of nothing. We were after pretty much everything you take for granted. "Delicious is a drink of cool water when you're very, very thirsty."

So yeah, we understand how much the dark places suck. We'll keep you out of that one.

>Well, first off, calmly and clearly tell Lo that I’ve been possessed. It’s too cruel, pretending to be me. Once you’re done with that, just quickly walk over to the table, blow out the candles, and then turn around and run directly outside through the front door. Not that I actually expect you to listen to me, but…
Too cruel to you, or too cruel to him? I'd think telling him either (a) he wouldn't believe you (b) he'd think you're crazy or (c) ...he'd believe you, and then never trust you again, since you won't be able to prove you're okay later. You know him better than us: do you really think he could handle that truth? He seems kind of a scardy cat to me.

But sure, let's try blowing out the candles. We were considering that anyways.
>>
No. 677296 ID: 5ad4a7

>>677270
We're not doing any of that.

Let's walk over to the skeleton and tell mister wuss that it's perfectly safe and he should come over and look at the symbols before we do anything to the candles. For all we know, it's a protective ward.
>>
No. 677297 ID: 2ccbb3

I wonder how high your vocal cords can go...
>>
No. 677298 ID: 066a87

>Would you like to see the current list of known Spirit Commands?
Yeah, sounds good.

>“Yeah, I have a license. My truck is parked outside, too. Where exactly are you planning to go? You can’t go home to my family, o-okay?!”

I just want to drive for fun. It's been awhile. You got a stick shift or an automatic?

Hey, maybe we could make this arrangement work out for everyone involved. There's all sorts of boring shit you have to do in your life, right? Why not let us do some of it. Like, we could take turns with your driving, or we can exercise your body for you and get you swole, or help manage your money and grow your wealth. That kind of thing. And while we do that, you can catch up on your sleep, or listen to a book on tape, or compose creative works. Or other stuff.

>“Are you being serious? Well, first off, calmly and clearly tell Lo that I’ve been possessed. It’s too cruel, pretending to be me. Once you’re done with that, just quickly walk over to the table, blow out the candles, and then turn around and run directly outside through the front door. Not that I actually expect you to listen to me, but…”

We already told him we're ZUUL. But okay. Let's do this...

"Lo, this is ZUUL speaking. We are a democratic collective and we have deputized your girlfriend's body for the greater good. We are not unfair though, she too has a vote in how we make use of this resource. Prepare to leave, we have agreed to blow out the candles, and then blow this proverbial popsicle stand."
>>
No. 677300 ID: 0fc976

I'm thinkin', I'm thinkin', I'm thinkin'... NAHHH. Okay, back to the dark place you go! We're doing this Free Spirit style.

Check what's in the kettle. Is it blood? Run the faucet a bit. Is that blood too? Wait! I sense... a lot of blood in this room... and it's coming from... YOU! Oh hell, Lo, you're full of blood! Ohhh noooooooo.

Hey, look. I'm pretty sure this same stuff was on the front doorway, so let's go check that instead and see if it's blood there, okay? Less risk, more bloooOOOood- I mean, red paint.
>>
No. 677301 ID: 066a87

>>677300
But Anna's input is both fun and valuable. Let's not force her back in there.
>>
No. 677302 ID: 0e6ff2

>>677300
That red stuff at the door was US, you dolt.

And don't ruin the fun we're having with Anna with your edge.
>>
No. 677303 ID: 066a87

I think we need to make the most of having temporary access to a body.

We need to find a way to get empty bodies, so that we can all have a body of our own. Then we need to get legislation in place that recognizes our rights as reincarnated citizens.

Anna, thoughts?
>>
No. 677305 ID: 0fc976

>>677302
Edge? You're just soft, you "dolt." What kind of spirit possesses a lass and then bends to their whims? 'Oh no, I'm sorry, here let me just exorcise myself for you.' You won't get far in the afterlife letting mortals push you around like a noncorporeal wheelbarrow.

"Fine. I'll go over and test it, Lo, just for you. Because you're worth the eldritch horrors that might spill forth and curse me with bad hair days forever."
>>
No. 677306 ID: 066a87

>>677305
So you're in the "pro sex having" camp?

Anna this is important, do you use the Clinton Definition of sex?
>>
No. 677311 ID: ad936f

>I’m still royally pissed at you for taking control of me
Hey, we didn't choose this anymore than you did. We're just opportunists.

>You can’t go home to my family, o-okay?!
Why would we do that? As sleazy douchebags from beyond the grave we only want you for your body.

>what are you planning to do with my body?
Have a look round this spook house and try to see if we can't move to a more suitable host.

>>677296
this
>>
No. 677313 ID: 0e6ff2

>>677305
She's already powerless so there's no need to be an asshole about it by shutting her down. What, are you not a spirit enough to be bad with her around?
>>
No. 677318 ID: ad936f

>>677305
We don't need to be evil for the sake of being evil. We'll take what we want no matter what she says, but there's no reason to be excessively discourteous about it.

>>677306
The sex thing was just a hypothetical possibility for if this ends up being a more long-term arrangement, no one's suggesting we, like, hop on Lo's dick right now.
>>
No. 677326 ID: 99cfa8

>>677303
Yessssss. Get something set up so we can all possess coma patients. They get to interact with the world again (indirectly), we get to live again, everybody's happy!

Even if it turns out we can't leave the house, we could make it work. Internet yo.

>>677270
How about we wait until he asks why we're acting weird first. Er, again. Or, if you insist on telling him now, at least say something along the lines of "I wasn't joking earlier when I said what happened was ghosts."

Also uh, you do realize that blowing those candles out will probably release some weird occult shit, likely more hostile than us? Cause, you know, it totally will.
>>
No. 677327 ID: 3bc92d
File 144513466364.png - (413.81KB , 800x600 , pq18.png )
677327

Known Spirit Commands:

Emulate Host (Currently Active): Other humans fail to perceive the obvious signs of possession in your Host. (Note: Emulate Host only applies to direct human perception. Reflections, recordings, and non-human creatures are unaffected.) Cost: 1% of Control per hour.

Possess Host: Possess a Host while bodiless, or move from one Host to another. Cost: 50% of Control.

Modify Host: Temporarily alter an aspect of your Host’s physical body to allow for actions which would normally be impossible. (Examples: Extending an arm far beyond its normal limits, unhinging the jaw without losing functionality, or twisting the neck completely around.) Duration: one minute. Cost: 10% of Control.

Would you like to learn more about regaining Control?


>Too cruel to you, or too cruel to him?

:hostannanormal: “It’s cruel to both of us. It’s horrible to feel you speaking with my voice, and the fact that Lo thinks that you’re me makes it so much worse. It isn’t fair for you to lie to him like this.”

>Anna, since you are a skeptic when it comes to supernatural, wouldn't Lo just think we're mocking him by telling him we possessed you?
>would he even believe us?

:hostannasarcastic: “Hah. You really don’t know Lo. He’s the most gullible man in the world. I’ve had to constantly talk him out of lending his bank account to Nigerian princes, or installing applications from pop-up ads, or joining ‘friendly communes’ a.k.a. cults… Trust me, Lo will believe anything, especially when it comes to spiritual stuff.”

>assuming he did believe us what are the chances that he'd freak out and run off by himself?
>You know him better than us: do you really think he could handle that truth? He seems like kind of a scaredy cat to me.

:hostannathinking: “Huh. Good question. I guess it depends on how you tell him. As long as you act like you’re nice ghosts or whatever, he’ll probably be okay. If you’re too scary or intimidating, though, he’ll totally flip his shit and run screaming for the hills. Try to sound comforting and friendly. Play it off like you’re ‘spirit guides’ or something like that. You are benevolent, well, sort of, so it shouldn’t be too hard.”

>I just want to drive for fun. It's been awhile. You got a stick shift or an automatic?

:hostannanormal: “Stick shift. Driving is pretty fun, yeah. Just don’t crash into anything, okay? No offense, but I’m not exactly hoping to end up as a ghost. Not for a long, long time, at the very least.”

>Hey, maybe we could make this arrangement work out for everyone involved. There's all sorts of boring shit you have to do in your life, right? Why not let us do some of it. Like, we could take turns with your driving, or we can exercise your body for you and get you swole, or help manage your money and grow your wealth. That kind of thing.
>I think we need to make the most of having temporary access to a body. We need to find a way to get empty bodies, so that we can all have a body of our own. Then we need to get legislation in place that recognizes our rights as reincarnated citizens. Anna, thoughts?

:hostannasarcastic: “I mean, maybe I’m a little ornery because of the whole ‘powerless in my own body’ thing, but right now all I really want to do is get you out of me as fast as possible. I wouldn’t mind helping you get settled after that, though. We could probably find you some coma patients to borrow, or something like that. Sharing my body feels like it would be super weird, but I guess it’s an interesting idea. Again, though, I would prefer to think it over once I’ve got a head to myself.”

"Fine. I'll go over and test it, Lo, just for you.” The Host gently pokes Lo in the chest. “Because you're worth the eldritch horrors that might spill forth and curse me with bad hair days forever."

“…excuse me?”

“Be right back.” The Host strides over to the table, smiling.
>>
No. 677332 ID: 3bc92d
File 144513510766.png - (435.23KB , 800x600 , pq19.png )
677332

:hostannaspooked: “…the fuck was that? Were you just trying to be romantic with my best friend?”

>Anna this is important, do you use the Clinton Definition of sex?

:hostannanormal: “…uh, what? I have no idea what that is. Look, Lo and me are just friends. He’s like a brother to me. Please don’t ruin that.”

>The sex thing was just a hypothetical possibility for if this ends up being a more long-term arrangement, no one's suggesting we, like, hop on Lo's dick right now.

:hostannaangry: “Whoa, what?! No! Don’t you even think about ‘hopping on Lo’s dick’! That’s so gross! Shit, why the fuck did I have to come here? Why didn’t I listen to Lo? Well, actually, I know why I didn’t listen to Lo, but… damn it, why did I choose to visit this fucked-up place?!”

>Hey, we didn't choose this anymore than you did. We're just opportunists.

:hostannasarcastic: “Huh? Wait, hold on, are you saying that you didn’t choose to jump into my body, or that you didn’t have a choice of bodies to choose from? I’m confused. What do you mean by ‘we didn’t choose this’?”

“Everything okay over there?” Lo calls out, raising his voice slightly.
>>
No. 677335 ID: 0ed6e9

>Would you like to learn more about regaining Control?
YES!

>hat do you mean by ‘we didn’t choose this’?”
let's just say we're currently reading the manual to figure how to move a body that isn't ours. And on that note I have some good news for you we can't stick with you forever so you don't have to worry about that... We can however stick with you for about a week before we leave assuming we don't recharge ourselves or do anything weird. Like reenacting scenes from the exorcist levels of weird.

>Everything okay over there?
just looking at the circles. I think I see some Egyptian symbols on this thing.

Then blow out the candles.
>>
No. 677336 ID: 0e6ff2

Yes on further instructions.

>Were you just trying to be romantic with my best friend?
That was our attempt at sarcasm...right? We're really rusty at this human interaction thing.

>Wait, hold on, are you saying that you didn’t choose to jump into my body, or that you didn’t have a choice of bodies to choose from?
Well, it's kinda both, really. Like, when you're actually starving and don't care that you're gobbling up cockroaches for sustenance. If Lo wasn't that much of a pussy, he'd be probably having a shitty day instead of you. You really just had shit luck by entering first.

Wave your hand above the circle.
"Looks like something from an RPG."
>>
No. 677337 ID: 066a87

>>677332
Ha ha you don't remember President Bill Clinton and Intern Monica Lewinsky. Let's just say dick sucking isn't sexual relations, according to the POTUS.
>>
No. 677338 ID: f2461f

If we can take a picture of the symbols with our phone we should. Examine the skeleton to see if it is holding anything of interest. Finally blow out these candles already and be ready to run.
>>
No. 677339 ID: fbc59e

Nooo we don't want to. Or rather, lemme put it this way:
we're at 100% control. We lose 1% of control an hour.
we've got 100 hours clocked right now and need to start blowing some of it, if anything...
Let's hang onto it until we finish taking care of these candles though!
>>
No. 677340 ID: 99cfa8

>>677327
> would you like to learn about-
The answer to any question of this form will always be yes.

>>677332

...both, maybe?

I'm'a be straight with you here and tell you that I don't remember anything before, well, hearing you chat with Lo outside the door. And well, uhhh... it's not like I was trying not to possess you, but it just kind seemed automatic? I guess? ....

>>677332
Is that a Venus symbol? Is this a girly spell? Man I don't know about this shit. "Lo, get your sweet ass over here and check out these glyphs or whatever!"
>>
No. 677341 ID: ad936f

>>677327
We'll tell him once we're done messing with this ritual thing.

We definitely want to learn everything about how this stuff works before we mess with the settings, so let's learn more about regaining Control.

>>677332
"Well I don't feel very dead. heheh Can you stop being a wuss and tell me what this stuff means before I accidentally activate an ancient voodoo curse?"

>…the fuck was that? Were you just trying to be romantic with my best friend?
Yeah... we kinda habitually hit on people, it's like, a whole thing. Sorry if it bothers you.

>Don’t you even think about ‘hopping on Lo’s dick’!
Don't worry, Lo wouldn't have sex with you anyway, right? I mean he doesn't think of you that way, right?

>What do you mean by ‘we didn’t choose this’?
We just kinda wound up in your body, a lot of this possession stuff is automatic, we had to actually manually turn you back on to even talk to you. I think we could give you your body back, but we don't really want to do that, for reasons that I hope are obvious.
>>
No. 677342 ID: 2ccbb3

>>677327
Hm... Okay, according to the manual... if it makes you feel any better, we can relinquish a little control

and enhance your knockers for one minute.

*Private*
Would like to learn about CP (Control Points).
*/Private*

>>677332
It varies. Sometimes we get to choose and vote it out ourselves, sometimes we get a forced scenario and we either participate or ignore.

So in the end, we're not some purely-sadistic eldritch @#$%s who can do @#$%-all; we have limitations and there will be consequences, and we don't even get along with each other all the time.
>>
No. 677343 ID: 066a87

>>677332
>“Whoa, what?! No! Don’t you even think about ‘hopping on Lo’s dick’! That’s so gross!"
Another, equally important issue: Would Lo be interested in having his dick hopped on? If not, then you're worrying for nothing anyway.

I bet he's gay, isn't he?
>>
No. 677344 ID: 025c3c

>Would you like to learn more about regaining Control?
Yes, please.

>Possess Host: Possess a Host while bodiless, or move from one Host to another. Cost: 50% of Control.
That's strait up jumping the whole group from body to body? We can't say, opt to split our forces between two?

>Lo and me are just friends. He’s like a brother to me. Please don’t ruin that.
We won't. Sorry.

>I’m confused. What do you mean by ‘we didn’t choose this’?
Imagine you were back in the dark place you were before. Imagine you were stuck there for years and years, until time lost meaning. And then imagine you saw a light, and rushed for it.

...and now you have everything you missed back, but you're explaining to a poor girl that you didn't mean to steal her body and make her a prisoner in her own mind.

So we're responsible for what we did to you, but we didn't really know what we were doing when we did it. And it was something like an automatic or instinctive response.

>what do
Explain the symbols to Lo before we mess with anything. There's an ankh and... the rest is off panel.
>>
No. 677349 ID: 066a87

>>677340
>Is that a Venus symbol? Is this a girly spell? Man I don't know about this shit.

That looks like an ankh, symbol of life eternal. Looks like there's some other sigils there, possibly Paleo-Hebrew given the Kabbalah format the entire spell is in... blah blah this is all boring shit. All I really want to get behind the wheel again.
>>
No. 677370 ID: 0fc976

Romantic? Of course not Anna, just being friendly! The friendliest of friends. Mmm.

"Lo? There's an oink symbol or something, and you know I'm really scared of what will happen if I disturb it, I mean what if it's a soul binding spell and I get possessed or something? That'd be reaaaally scary." [vetoing blowing out the candles, I got a bad feeling about this Scoob]

Possessing a coma patient would just be stealing someone else's life, and our control is temporary anyways, not to worry, so I'm content with this just being a one night stand, if you know what I'm sayin'.


Wait, alter the host's physical body? You know what that means...
>ENHANCE KNOCKERS

>>
No. 677371 ID: 066a87

>>677370
>ENHANCE KNOCKERS
Noooooo it's too soon! Let's finish reading the manual first at least!
>>
No. 677391 ID: a107fd

Where's the nearest major hospital? If we play our cards right you might be able to get credit for some miraculous healing. Revive somebody in a deep coma, vomit up an inoperable tumor so that it stays gone, maybe even restore spinal nerve damage.

Not sure, though. Still waiting on the user manual to load.

How long have those candles been lit? Since the house was abandoned? They seem to be in little cups, so it's not like the tabletop will catch when they burn down to stubs. IF they ever burn down. Just stepping through the front door got you us, maybe Mr. Mutant Magic Skeleton here is something that'll kick all our ephemeral asses and lock us up back there with you if it's disturbed. We've got a tolerable setup, here, so let's not mess with this occult crap any more than we have to.

Look around the rest of the house, just don't touch anything else except, I guess, doorknobs.
>>
No. 677405 ID: 3bc92d
File 144514723193.png - (388.33KB , 800x600 , pq20.png )
677405

Details: Control is based on the Host Spirit belonging to the current Host. You are currently at the maximum level of Control (100%). Gaining Control is based around making the Host Spirit lose Control. The simplest way to achieve this is by pushing the Host Spirit to experience extreme, overpowering emotion. Seething hatred, crushing despair, boundless love, any emotion will work - but only as long as it’s intense enough to overwhelm the Host Spirit’s conscious thoughts.

>Don't worry, Lo wouldn't have sex with you anyway, right? I mean he doesn't think of you that way, right?
>Another, equally important issue: Would Lo be interested in having his dick hopped on? If not, then you're worrying for nothing anyway. I bet he's gay, isn't he?

:hostannathinking: “Gay? What? I don’t kn… Wait, yes! Yeah, he’s gay! Super gay. Women are like poison to him, and especially me, ‘cause I’m basically his sister. You even try coming on to him with my body, and he’ll pretty much just explode into bloody chunks on the spot. So, you know, don’t.

>We won't. Sorry.

:hostannanormal: “Good. Thanks. So, what were you saying about not having a choice?”

>We just kinda wound up in your body, a lot of this possession stuff is automatic, we had to actually manually turn you back on to even talk to you.
>Imagine you were back in the dark place you were before. Imagine you were stuck there for years and years, until time lost meaning. And then imagine you saw a light, and rushed for it. ...and now you have everything you missed back, but you're explaining to a poor girl that you didn't mean to steal her body and make her a prisoner in her own mind. So we're responsible for what we did to you, but we didn't really know what we were doing when we did it. And it was something like an automatic or instinctive response.

:hostannasarcastic: “You took over my body by accident? Damn. I honestly don’t know if that makes me feel better or worse.”

>our control is temporary anyways, not to worry

:hostannasarcastic: “I really hope that you’re telling the truth, because I sure as hell want my body back.”

>if it makes you feel any better, we can relinquish a little control

:hostannathinking: “Wait, really?! Yeah! Do it!”

>Enhance knockers

Activated Spirit Command!

Modify Host - Breasts.

Control: (90%)


:hostannaspooked: “Wh-?! Why does my chest suddenly feel heavy? Oh fuck, what did you do?

The Host’s pinky finger wiggles slightly.

:hostannahappy: “Wait… did I just-? Yes! Hell yes! I can move! I mean, not a lot, but still!
>>
No. 677406 ID: 3bc92d
File 144514740207.png - (454.40KB , 800x600 , pq21.png )
677406

“Come on, please talk to me, Anna.” Lo sounds nervous. “I’m starting to get scared.”

“Chill, Lo. I don’t feel very dead, if that’s what you’re asking. Heh. Now get your sweet ass over here and look at these glyphs. I need you to tell me what this stuff means before I accidentally activate a voodoo curse.”

“C-can you just describe them from over there?”

“Can you stop being a wuss? Ugh, fine.” The Host takes her phone out of her pocket, then starts snapping some pictures of the occult markings. “Let’s see… That looks like an ankh, symbol of life eternal. Looks like there's some other sigils there, possibly Paleo-Hebrew given the Kabbalah format the entire spell is in… Man, this seems like something out of an RPG.”

“…since when have you been such an expert in runes, glyphs, and sigils?”

“Since, uh... since a time. Anyway, I got pictures. I’m going to blow the candles out now. Hang on.”
>>
No. 677408 ID: 3bc92d
File 144514747190.png - (417.46KB , 800x600 , pq22.png )
677408

The Host blows on the leftmost candle, but it refuses to be extinguished. The Host reaches out to pull the candle closer. “I can’t believe that I’m the one doing this. If the skeleton comes to life and grabs me or something, I’m blaming y-!”
>>
No. 677410 ID: 3bc92d
File 144514759731.png - (450.10KB , 800x600 , pq23.png )
677410

“Anna? What is it?" Lo seems confused. "Why’d you stop talking?”

:hostannaprescream:
>>
No. 677411 ID: 5ad4a7

>>677410
I BLAME YOOOUUUUU

Struggle and thrash around.
>>
No. 677416 ID: 025c3c

>“Anna? What is it?" Lo seems confused. "Why’d you stop talking?”
Lo, there is a skeleton holding hands with me.
>>
No. 677418 ID: 0ed6e9

look towards skeleton and see if it has changed. Also if this thing moves again grab it's arm that has grabbed you and fucking yank on it with all our might. It's a pile of bones, there is nothing holding it together.
>>
No. 677419 ID: dbe554

You know now that we think on it, considering we were in the darkness so long we never really knew if there was anything here with us... huh, well this is interesting! Hello skeleton man are you angry or are you just trying to communicate!

Also turns out we can alter you temporarily in ways that would be unnatural to humans.. and uh well.. you've grown a cup size?
>>
No. 677420 ID: 025c3c

>Oh fuck, what did you do?
We blew a little power on a temporary physical enhancement. It'll wear off in a minute, but since we spent power, you've got a little of yourself back.

Eventually we will run out of juice and you'll have it all back. See? Temporary.
>>
No. 677422 ID: 2ccbb3

*Private*
Quick, attempt to mind-jack the skeleton! If this works, immediately perform a gruesome and disturbing self-destruct (For example, grab a hammer and hit various weak spots. Starting with the pelvis bone.), restoring our CP with Anna!
*/Private*

Anna, we're going to try to disrupt the skeleton! You'll regain control, so grab a HAMMER (more effective against skeletons than a knife) and throw it at the skeleton!
>>
No. 677430 ID: f2461f

Damn these blasted candles.
Lo we seriously need some help. We understand this is frighting but something is wrong here. Sorry to request this of you but could you please grab something and come wack this skeleton?
>>
No. 677431 ID: 025c3c

>>677422
No. No attacking anything before we have to, and no blowing our limited control on fool's errands.
>>
No. 677437 ID: 066a87

>>677422
No, I think that'd be bad. The sigils indicate that this spell helps link multiple souls to another. This same spell links to the doorway we were stuck in, if I'm not misunderstanding things.

Just stop trying to mess with the sigils and candles. If I'm not missing a bet, the skeleton is just here to guard this spell against people tampering with it.

If the skeleton won't let go once we stop trying to kill ourselves, wipe the sigils on its forehead. Those look like a "divine name" for animating a golem, and should disrupt it before it causes any serious mischief.
>>
No. 677449 ID: 0fc976

Retract our hand slowly, with no sudden movements. Hi mister skeleton. We were just leaving.
>>
No. 677466 ID: 3bc92d
File 144515845799.png - (440.25KB , 800x600 , pq24.png )
677466

“I BLAME YOOOUUUUU!” The Host yells, almost frantic. The skeleton doesn’t react.

“What? Wait, you don’t mean-?!”

“Lo, there is a skeleton holding hands with me.”

Lo rushes over. “Holy shit. You’re not just messing with me, are you?!”

“Lo, do I sound like I’m messing with you?”

In response, Lo bites his lip and stares, wide-eyed, at the skeleton.

“Don’t attack it or anything, okay? I have an idea. I’m just going to try to…” The Host backs up, carefully pulling her arm away. The skeleton releases its grip, and then, very slowly, the skeleton slides its arm off of the table and lets it rest at its side.

“D-did you see that? It moved! You saw that, didn’t you? Tell me you saw that.

“Yeah, Lo, I saw it.”

Run, Anna! Like, now!

“Hey, hey, relax. It’s not chasing us. I think that it’s just a guard.”

Just a guard? It’s a living skeleton! What the hell would it be guarding?!”

“The spell, I think. I’m pretty sure that that’s what all this red stuff is, at least; it's all part of some kind of spell.”
>>
No. 677467 ID: 3bc92d
File 144515863977.png - (435.49KB , 800x600 , pq25.png )
677467

“What the fuck are you talking about, Anna? A spell? I thought you didn’t believe in the superna…” Lo trails off. “Anna. Are you feeling alright?”

“Huh? Yeah, I’m fine.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah, Lo, I’m sure. Why?”

“Try not to freak out, okay? L-look at yourself, Anna. Look down.”

The Host looks down. The Host’s modified chest is very visible.

:hostannaspooked: “Wh-what the flippity fuck?! What the hell is this?!”

>We blew a little power on a temporary physical enhancement. It'll wear off in a minute
>Also turns out we can alter you temporarily in ways that would be unnatural to humans.. and uh well.. you've grown a cup size?

:hostannaangry: “…are you serious? You used reality-defying supernatural ghost powers to make my boobs bigger?! What is wrong with you?!”

>since we spent power, you've got a little of yourself back. Eventually we will run out of juice and you'll have it all back. See? Temporary.

:hostannasarcastic: “Oh. Well. Thanks... I think. I guess that this rapidly-increasing back pain is a bit better than staying paralyzed. Still, I’m really hoping that you’re telling the truth about this being temporary.”

“How are you doing, Anna? Do you feel okay?” Lo pats the Host’s shoulder in a comforting way. “Is that the only change, or is it just the, uh… the most visible? I think you look normal, otherwise, but I’m not sure…”

“I - I’m fine.”

“No, you’re not. You were grabbed by a skeleton covered in occult symbols. Your body was transformed. Nothing is okay about this. How the hell are you so calm?”

:hostannanormal: “Okay, look, you have to tell him, now. Lo saw the skeleton move. He knows that this stuff is real. If you’re really as friendly as you claim to be, then you have no reason to hide this from him anymore. Please stop pretending to be me.”
>>
No. 677468 ID: 12fa81

"I think I might be possessed by a legion of idiot ghosts."
>>
No. 677469 ID: 5ad4a7

>>677467
Okay fine, we'll tell him, he's catching on anyway.

Lo, you're speaking to a bunch of really bored spirits who were forced into your girlfriend's body when she walked through that door.
>>
No. 677470 ID: 066a87

>>677467
"Lo, don't scream like a little girl."
Turn Emulate Host off for now. Let's show him the white hair and glowing eyes.

"We are ZUUL, the collective. Your friend is safe. We were unwittingly forced to join forces for the moment. Anna is speaking to us, as we speak to you. This is not a permanent state of affairs. We would like to come to a mutually beneficial outcome. Also, we would like to go for a joy ride. Nothing outrageous, it's just been a long time since we've driven anything."
>>
No. 677471 ID: 066a87

>>677467
Also the sensation of "the girls" popping out of your bra is disconcerting.
>>
No. 677472 ID: 0ed6e9

well Lo, I think I might want to sit down somewhere without mr spooky watching. Plus there's probably something you should know so come with me.

once we're out of the room
Sooo, hypothetically speaking what's your take on ghost?

if he seems cool about it I guess we can turn off "Emulate Host" and go from there. If nothing else it could be good for a laugh.
>>
No. 677474 ID: 2ccbb3

Well, Anna has been possessed by SOMETHING. What exactly, we're not sure. We're using the possessor as a medium to communicate with Anna, though who we are might be somewhat unbelievable for you.

Don't ask us how this works, we're still bringing up the manual. Anyways, the important thing to note is that we already gave like 10% of control back to Anna, and we can easily give up the remaining 90% through more body augmentations. Also, the body augmentations are only temporary, one minute max.
>>
No. 677478 ID: 066a87

>>677472
>>677474
One of our number called us "ZUUL" to Lo when we first became aware of what had happened. We should keep the name, if only so that he understands when this happened.
>>
No. 677480 ID: 0fc976

I think of all the things to find in a haunted house, a magic boob-granting skeleton is by far the coolest. C'mon, he's shown he's reasonable, let's leave him and his spell alone. Unless you wanted to ask him for a pair of low hanging fruit too?
>>
No. 677481 ID: f8f713

Let's not turn off Emulate Host - the change might scare him too much. Let's Modify Host again by changing Anna's voice into the voice of legion and make her a bit more happy with some more control.

"Truth is...Anna isn't alone anymore. We are ZUUL and we are legion. We are spirits that were forced into possessing your overly courageous friend. And we want to help you and her in exchange for companionship.

Don't be afraid. It was Anna's wish to tell you the truth. Now that you know, you're more of a threat to ZUUL and Anna than we are to you."
>>
No. 677482 ID: 066a87

>>677481
He's clued in, another surprise will not scare him as badly. Playing games with the voice seems unnecessary. Or at least as likely to frighten him as revealing the other unnatural features Anna sports.
>>
No. 677483 ID: 0fc976

Hmm. Actually, we can extend our control by turning off our power of persuasion. Maybe get some sunglasses and hair dye, we could make this deal last a pretty long time. Hmmmmm.

Whether planning to move in full time or not, I definitely recommend turning the effect off while alone and when we're driving. Losing control while at the wheel would be... a grave mistake.
>>
No. 677484 ID: ad936f

Can we please not use a damn ghostbusters reference as our name. I'm thinkin' we say something like, "Hey, we're a bunch of ghosts possessing your friends body. Don't worry, we're mostly friendly and it's only temporary. We enhanced her rack because doing stuff like that gives her back some control. also we like big boobs."
>>
No. 677499 ID: 025c3c

>“…are you serious? You used reality-defying supernatural ghost powers to make my boobs bigger?! What is wrong with you?!”
You try being dead for a few years. See how silly it makes you.

>Okay, look, you have to tell him, now.
Alright, fine, mom.

>Anna, are you okay?
Anna's fine, Lo. She can hear you, but that's not who you're talking to. She's been possessed by guiding spirits since she walked through the front door. That's what the noise was, that's why we've been acting weird.

...please don't freak out? We promised Anna we wouldn't mess things up with you.

>proof
Don't turn off the glamour. Just ask if he has a mirror. Or check Anna's pockets for one- it doesn't disguise our reflection.
>>
No. 677501 ID: 42d3b5

"Lo, your friend has been possessed by multiple ghosts. Don't worry though! As long as both of you stay calm and don't do anything stupid, this should just be a temporary inconvenience"

>>677481
Veto use of Modify Host at this time. We don't know if we might encounter danger in this house. We might need uses of Modify Host to defend ourselves. We have already wasted 10% on trying it out and might only have a few uses left before she regains significant control of her body.
>>
No. 677502 ID: f8f713

>>677499
Or we can take a selfie or something. Any sort of camera will reveal our freaky appearance.

>>677501
Okay, I retract my proposal for modification. It was silly anyway.
>>
No. 677508 ID: 99cfa8

>>677467
>You used reality-defying supernatural ghost powers to make my boobs bigger?! What is wrong with you?!
Well, it is kind of an in-joke for us. ...somehow, despite not having memories. ???

Anyway I'd have to agree with not actually calling ourselves ZUUL. yeah we already said it but we were joking around, and that is not our name. If we must have a name, use Q or TGC or something.
>>
No. 677512 ID: 0fc976

For our name, I recommend Guest. And also not revealing it.

Lo, freaking out right now would just make things worse, you know? I mean, what if I had *really* ticked that skeleton off?
>>
No. 677513 ID: a107fd

"That joke about ZUUL wasn't as much of a joke as you want it to be."
Snap fingers, deactivate persuasion.
"Don't worry, Anna's still here. She just sorta can't come to the phone right now. We haven't hurt her and we don't plan to."
>>
No. 677518 ID: 025c3c

Instead of Anna, we're Annother.
>>
No. 677527 ID: 066a87

>>677508
It was a basically harmless experiment.
>>
No. 677540 ID: f8f713

>>677518
I like the pun of this one.
>>
No. 677600 ID: 3bc92d
File 144521255007.png - (513.23KB , 800x600 , pq26.png )
677600

>the sensation of "the girls" popping out of your bra is disconcerting.

:hostannasarcastic: “Yeah, I know. I’m in here too, remember? I can feel it just as much as you can. Gosh, though, I wonder who could possibly be responsible for the growing number of uncomfortable sensations centered around the general area of my chest? Hey, wait, you don’t think that…? No way, could it somehow be related to the overly huge breasts given to me by dumbass ghosts?”

>You try being dead for a few years. See how silly it makes you.
>It was a basically harmless experiment.

:hostannasarcastic: “Yeah, well, at least warn me next time. As awesome as ‘silly’ ghost science sounds, I didn’t sign up to be a lab rat for magical elephantiasis of the tits.”

>Alright, fine, mom.

Duration expired! Spirit Command: Modify Host - Breasts has been deactivated.

A Spirit Command has been improved through usage! Modify Host’s duration has been extended to three minutes. This will apply to all future activations of the ability.


:hostannathinking: “Did it wear off? Ahh, sweet relief…”

“Lo, freaking out right now would just make things worse, you know? I do think that I’d like to sit down for a bit, though. Preferably somewhere where Mr. Spooky isn’t watching.” The Host eyes the skeleton. The skeleton remains motionless. “Come on, he’s shown us that he’s reasonable. Let’s leave him and his spell alone. Plus… there’s something you should probably know.”

The Host leads Lo out of the room, and then she cautiously takes a seat out in the hall, resting on the bottom of the stairs. Lo joins her. He raises an eyebrow. “Wait… Are you back to normal?”

“Yeah, it was only ever a temporary thing.”

“Huh?” Lo blinks. “You almost sound like you knew it was going to happen. Are you sure you're alright, Anna?”

Hm. How do I put this?” The Host pauses for a moment. “Anna’s fine, Lo. She can hear you, but she’s not who you’re talking to.”

“Uh, what?”

“Let’s see… Hold on, let me show you something.” The Host pulls out her phone. “Here, use this. Look at me through the camera.”

“Why?”

“Just do it.” The Host firmly places her phone into Lo’s hand.

“Well, okay… ” Lo points the phone’s camera at the Host. “I’m still not sure what the point of th-“ Lo abruptly goes quiet. He stares at the phone, his eyes quickly widening.

“Remember when I was joking about ghosts, earlier? Yeah, that maybe wasn’t as much of a joke as you’d want it to be.”

Lo’s eyes dart from the phone to the Host. Lo’s mouth hangs slightly open.

“You’re speaking to a legion of guiding spirits who were forced into your overly courageous friend’s body. She’s been possessed since the moment that she first walked through the front door. That’s what the noise was, and that’s why we’ve been acting weird.” The Host taps her head. “Don’t worry, your friend is safe, she just isn’t alone anymore. Anna is talking to us, just like we’re talking to you. We haven’t hurt her -“

:hostannasarcastic: “That’s debatable.”

“- and we don’t plan to. She can’t really ‘come to the phone’ right now, but we’re working on fixing that. Truth is, this isn’t a permanent state of affairs. We’d like to help both of you, if we can, in exchange for a few things. We would like to come to a mutually beneficial outcome.”
>>
No. 677606 ID: 3bc92d
File 144521286630.png - (423.29KB , 800x600 , pq27.png )
677606

Lo just stares.

“We promised Anna we wouldn’t mess things up with you. “ The Host awkwardly pats Lo on the shoulder. “…Lo? Come on, man, please don’t freak out and scream like a little gir-“

Lo freaks out and screams like a little girl.

:hostannathinking: “Shit, seriously? Damn it, I actually thought that you were doing pretty well. I guess Lo’s more panicky than I thought.”

The Host jumps back slightly, startled. In doing so, she brushes against a small, glowing symbol carved into the banister behind her.

A new Spirit Command has been learned!

Levitation: Cause one visible object to ignore gravity. Only effective in close proximity. Duration: one minute. (This duration is halved if the affected object is alive.) Cost: 5% of Control.


Lo tenses, and his gaze lingers on the front door.

:hostannaspooked: “Aw, fuck, I know that look! Don’t you dare run off and leave me all alone with them, Lo!”
>>
No. 677607 ID: 066a87

>>677606
Repeating what she's saying, word for word, intonation intact: “Aw, fuck, I know that look! Don’t you dare run off and leave me all alone with them, Lo!”
>>
No. 677609 ID: 3663d3

we got a big heavy thing nearby? can levitate it and put it in front of the door.
>>
No. 677610 ID: 5ad4a7

>>677606
Use Levitate on Lo!
>>
No. 677611 ID: 066a87

>>677609
He won't get far if he runs off anyway. She drove, remember? Interfering with his escape will only further upset him.
>>
No. 677615 ID: 0fc976

Told you it was a bad idea. There goes the fun, running out the door, screaming its head off, hitting a signpost and falling down in a comedic manner.

"Lo? Looooo? Okay, guess you're walkin'. I'll see you back at our regular haunt! Heh heh. Get it?"
Now we get to drive around by ourselves!
>>
No. 677617 ID: fbc59e

"Lo, we have the car keys, remember?"
>>
No. 677618 ID: f8f713

Use Levitate on Lo.

Lo, don't you dare be a fucking coward! Do yo think that Anna will ever forgive you once all this is over if you bail on her like a little bitch?! Even if she does, WE won't.
>>
No. 677620 ID: 025c3c

>growing number of uncomfortable sensations
Oooh, yeah. You know how long it's been since I got to feel uncomfortable?

>>677607
Yeah, that.

...seriously, Lo, Anna's okay. This is temporary, we promise. Don't make this worse for her by leaving her alone.

For what it's worth, we were gonna leave you in blissful ignorance, but she kept insisting lying to you was wrong, and you could handle the truth.

>>677609
>>677610
Veto. More spooky ghost stuff won't calm him down.
>>
No. 677622 ID: 066a87

>>677600
>“That’s debatable.”
We can feel everything you feel. You aren't hurt. You aren't in the dark place. You've suffered a minor indignity, true, and I apologize for that. We should not have imposed it on you without warning or permission. We are, as we stated, still getting the hang of things.

Think of all things you've learned so far, though! There paranormal is real! There's life after death, of some sort! These forces can be harnessed in a controllable and predictable way! We can perform supernatural acts, and not just for silly japes but for actual useful ends!

If we can all trust each other, we will probably be able to accomplish much. This shouldn't all be a one-way street, and we're willing to work with you on your ideas too.

But first, let's get your friend calmed down.
>>
No. 677625 ID: 066a87

>>677622
And then let's excuse ourselves for a moment to fix your bra. This sensation is somewhat annoying.
>>
No. 677626 ID: dbe554

Does his eyes normally get bloodshot when he's fearful? Cause damn that's unexpectedly creepy coming from a mortal.
>>
No. 677627 ID: 0ed6e9

manual update, we got this

use Levitation on Lo. Once he's in the air take the keys out of our pocket and ask what his plan was once he got out. Oh and Anna is kinda pissed that you almost ditched her. Man you are one crappy gay friend. Leaving behind your shopping buddy so quickly.
>>
No. 677629 ID: f8f713

>>677620
>More spooky ghost stuff won't calm him down.
There is no calming him down now, at least on the intellectual level. We need to restrain before he does something really stupid and appeal to him on an emotional level. Appeal to his loyalty to Anna - if there is any.
>>
No. 677631 ID: 025c3c

30s of levitating someone who's freaking out, who will only freak out harder for the duration, is not worth 1/20 of our duration in this host.
>>
No. 677642 ID: 066a87

How interesting. Anna, that sigil you brushed against has a format similar to a hexagram for the Air sigil, but with an inverted element. This is more Kabbalah format magic. We can use this to levitate things, and people, for short amounts of time.

Well done finding it!
>>
No. 677649 ID: ad936f

Give him a bit of a float, "Ah ah ah. Don't run away from me young man! Were you planning on leaving poor Anna all alone in here? That's cruel, you shouldn't abandon your friend during her time of need. Anyway, as i was saying, we don't plan on hurting either of you. If all goes according to plan we'll be out your hair, er... her body, in no time."
>>
No. 677652 ID: 1d6972

>>677606
You know, it'd be really mean of us, but if he's that easily frightened it'd probably be easy to gain Control if we were possessing him.
>>
No. 677653 ID: f8f713

Now that we have Levitation, does that mean we can lift Anna too? She's a living object...sorry, Anna, we didn't mean it in a chauvinistic way!
>>
No. 677655 ID: f8f713

>>677652
But then we'd only have 40% control over him. He could hurt himself while struggling against us.
>>
No. 677656 ID: 066a87

>>677655
I think we would do better to convince our new friends to willingly cooperate with us. I believe a spirit medium can relinquish control if he or she chooses.
>>
No. 677663 ID: 1d6972

>>677655
We'd end up at 100% before he could really hurt himself because of how much he'd be freaking out. I'm not saying we should do that - I want to play nice, too - just that it would be extremely viable.
>>
No. 677667 ID: 9a7fd8

>>677663
Hell, it would help us prove we're not malicious, and demonstrate a weakness, and have a one-on-one chat with Lo. Sounds like a fine course of action to me. I say we do it!
>>
No. 677668 ID: 025c3c

>>677663
We don't know that. We don't know how many control points we regain from a single loss of control on the host's part.

Also, all this mechanics talk in front of Anna is probably a bad idea.

>>
No. 677669 ID: 066a87

>>677667
Let's not compound an unwitting intrusion with a deliberate trespass, okay?
>>
No. 677672 ID: ad936f

I agree that possessing Lo and deliberately freaking him out to gain control is a good plan, but I don't think we need to resort to that just yet. If the levitation and talk thing doesn't work out, then sure, but I'd rather get through this with minimal application of force.
>>
No. 677689 ID: a107fd

If Lo runs for it, let's just follow at a distance and wait for him to calm down, then politely explain everything again.

To clarify, Anna, we've got limited batteries for all this magical bullshit. At the current rate of consumption (passive hypnotic stealth), you'll be fully back on top in roughly four days. That boob thing cut ten hours out of the budget. I, for one, am willing to cooperate with whatever you ask for in terms of mundane action, temporary body mods, or telekinesis; you can pay us back for expenditures on the latter two simply by freaking the fuck out. Panic attack, murderous rage, mouth-orgasm from gorging on chocolate, anything like that helps us out. So, what kinds of things do you enjoy?

Speaking of recharge, hey, alternative option... want us to get out of you, and go over there to stop Lo from doing anything drastic and stupid? Not voting for this without Anna's permission, but it's worth considering.
>>
No. 677694 ID: 066a87

>>677689
No no no, I know you mean well but this is not the time for an involved conversation. Pass along short facts at most, and try to keep our friend calm instead of upsetting her with strange things.

Once Lo calms down we can have a heart to heart about capabilities and potential things to try. Until then, you're just giving Anna extraneous and upsetting information. It's not like she has any right to say we can do anything to Lo anyway. It'd have to be Lo.

This is all such bullshit. All I want to do is go for a drive and Lo's freaking out and you guys want to levitate people and play with our powers for stupid shit. Think about what we could be doing. We could be having a burger! We could be driving a truck! We could be getting Anna set up for life by tampering with the state lotto! Think, guys, think!
>>
No. 677705 ID: f8f713

Guys, let's drop on our knees and start crying. That could confuse Lo enough to stop him from running away. A crying girl puts most males in a conflicted state where they don't know what to do.
>>
No. 677711 ID: 066a87

>>677705
But he's gay, will that even work the way you think it would?
>>
No. 677732 ID: 0fc976

>>677711
You're misreading our host, she simply said that to trick us into not hitting on Lo.
>>
No. 677734 ID: 066a87

>>677732
Ixnay on the ruth-tay. I know and you know it, but it's funnier if we all play along.
>>
No. 677745 ID: 67d5dc

>>677689
Dude, chocolate? Oh man, I forgot about chocolate.
>>
No. 677746 ID: 025c3c

>>677689
Could we not explain the control regen mechanics to the host. That sounds like a bad idea.
>>
No. 677748 ID: a107fd

>>677711
Even assuming that "he's gay" thing wasn't pure stupid lies to stop the flirting, it's a protective response, not romantic. Works on pretty much anybody who's not stonehearted or braced for trickery.
>>
No. 677761 ID: 3bc92d
File 144523661545.png - (536.65KB , 800x600 , pq28.png )
677761

“Aw, fuck, I know that look! Don’t you dare run off and leave me all alone with them, Lo!”

:hostannathinking: “Uh, what? Did I say that? Wait, am I regaining control over my voice?! Hello! Hello? Nothing? …that was you talking, wasn’t it? Damn it.

For a few seconds, Lo seems very surprised, but then he shakes his head. “If that’s really you, Anna, then I’m sorry! I’ll be right back with a exorcist, I promise! Just hang on until then!”

:hostannaangry: “You fucking idiot! Don’t tell them that! Do you really think that they’ll still be here when you get back?!”

Lo turns and runs for the door.

>Use Levitation on Lo.

Activated Spirit Command!

Levitation - ‘Lo’.

Control: 84%


Lo yelps as he drifts upwards. He scrambles around, unsuccessfully trying to reach the door.

The Host stands. Slightly distracted, the Host glances down her shirt and starts fiddling with her bra.

:hostannablushing: “H-hey! Stop it! Hands off! That’s not yours to touch!”

>This sensation is somewhat annoying.

:hostannaembarrassed: “It is pinching pretty badly, yeah, but… I don’t know, I… I guess I’ll let you do it, but only this once. B-be quick about it, though, okay?”

The Host calmly finishes adjusting her underwear, and then she looks back up at Lo.

“Get the fuck away from me!” Lo yells.

“Lo, don’t you dare be a fucking coward! Do you think that Anna will ever forgive you, once all of this is over, if you bail on her like a little bitch?! Even if she does forgive you, we won’t.”

“I’m trying to help her!”

“Oh really? What is your plan for doing that, exactly?” The Host pulls the car keys out of her pocket and dangles them, taking care to keep them too far away for Lo to grab. “We have the car keys, genius. What, were you going to just run out into the woods and hope for the best?”

“There’s a road nearby, I think! I’ll make it there, and then I’ll hitchhike!”

“You shouldn’t abandon your friend during her time of need!” The Host dramatically falls to her knees and starts sobbing. “This is all such bullshit! All we want to do is go for a drive, and eat chocolate, and feel things, and man, you are the worst gay best friend ever!

“Huh? Why are you crying?! Wait, hold on, gay? What the hell are you talking ab-?!”

Duration expired! Spirit Command: Levitation - ‘Lo’ has been deactivated.

A Spirit Command has been improved through usage! Levitation’s duration has been extended to one minute and thirty seconds. (This duration is halved if the affected object is alive.) This will apply to all future activations of the ability.


Lo falls out of the air and lands on his face. He stands, shakily, and then he turns and races towards the door, grasping for the doorknob.
>>
No. 677763 ID: 3bc92d
File 144523675632.gif - (305.86KB , 800x600 , pq29.gif )
677763

>want us to get out of you, and go over there to stop Lo from doing anything drastic and stupid?

:hostannaangry: “Wait, are you saying that, all of this time, you could have left my body whenever you wanted to?! You fuckers! …oh, whatever. Do it! Go on, stop him with your crazy ghost powers!”

>possessing Lo and deliberately freaking him out to gain control is a good plan
>I say we do it!

Activated Spirit Command!

Possess Host - ‘Lo’.

>>
No. 677764 ID: 3bc92d
File 144523687009.png - (435.09KB , 800x600 , pq30.png )
677764

“W-what the…?” Anna blinks. After a moment, she slowly raises her arm, and her eyes light up with joy. “They’re gone… they’re gone! I’m back to normal!” She smiles and laughs, bouncing into a small cartwheel. “Ha ha! Look at me, Lo! I can do whatever I want! I’ve got my body back!” She looks at the Host, and her smile fades. “…Lo?”

Possession complete!

Host: Lorinda Ortega

Control: 34%

Multiple Spirits


“Wuh-wh-what’s huh-happening tuh-to me?!” The Host groans, his voice pained and slurred.
>>
No. 677767 ID: 3bc92d
File 144523721286.png - (462.13KB , 800x600 , pq31.png )
677767

>This is temporary, we promise.
>Anyway, as I was saying, we don't plan on hurting either of you.

Emotional Spike: Terror. Host Spirit has lost majority Control.

Control: 74%


:hostlospooked: “Who said that?! I - I can’t move! Anna, do something! Help me!

“There we go.” The Host sighs, still twitching erratically. “Would you stop fussing, already?”

:hostlosad: “Oh my god, no! Please, no! Get out of my body! Get out!

Emotional Spike: Terror. Host Spirit has lost all Control.

Control: 100%


“Is this what you meant by ‘stopping him’?!” Anna rushes over and grabs the Host by the collar, yelling in his face. “You assholes! Get out of there! You… you can go back into my body, if that’s what you need, but you can’t stay in Lo! You just can't!
>>
No. 677768 ID: 2ccbb3

Damn, we didn't get multi-possession? We need more CP...

Begin overly-emotional tirade that will leave them both in tears. Expose their darkest secrets to each other, don't leave any room for context.

And try to perform multi-possession!
>>
No. 677772 ID: 99cfa8

>>677768
What? No! That's terrible, no, don't do that. Plus I'm pretty sure we don't have any deepest darkest secrets to dole out even if we wanted to.

Lo, sorry about that guy, and sorry about this whole possession thing. You were freaking out and it wasn't gonna help anyone. I mean seriously, that was a terrible plan. At least like call the exorcist on your cell or something, jeez. Also sorry about the levitation. Would not have been my call.

But anyway, we don't want to ruin your life or anything, or steal your body forever or any such nonsense. We just wanna, you know, have a little break from being dead. Here, here's a little something to cheer you up. [Enhance knockers] See, made you laugh, right? ... right? ... why are you screaming, stop screaming, it's funny!
>>
No. 677774 ID: 2ccbb3

>>677772
Too far, dude. Ask for permission first.
>>
No. 677776 ID: 5ad4a7

>>677767
Yeah just a minute, we have to get Lo to stop being stupid, first. Also let's get further away from the exit so we have time to stop him again if he keeps trying to run.

Lo, calm down. We'll let you go as soon as you agree to stop trying to run away. We can just immediately re-possess you if you try it again.
Don't you want to explore the house and find out why we're here at all? To learn more about the occult? Maybe take some of that power for yourself, hmm?
>>
No. 677777 ID: 066a87

>>677767
"Anna, Lo, I am so sorry about this. I told them this was not a good idea, but everyone got a little panicky there. Can we all just take a minute and calm down, please?"

Lorinda. Nice name. I get why you like to go by Lo though. I wonder what your folks were thinking, giving you a girl's name? Well, it's not my business, unless you feel like sharing someday.

Let's take a few deep breaths. Get that heart rate under control. We're not in this to hurt you- "Anna please stop shouting for a moment. I assure you, we'll take you up on your offer, but I want to talk to Lo while I have a moment. This trespass was not appropriate, but even spirits can become flustered."

Like I was saying. We're not in this to hurt you. We promised Anna we wouldn't harm you, and we won't. You've got our word.

Feeling a little better? Your heartbeat's okay again?

Now, Lo, it's like this. We woke up when Anna walked through the door there. It was automatic. No control, no decision making involved. We just dove for her and had to spend a few minutes figuring out things. Getting used to drawing breath again. Feeling all the sensations that come with a body.

We've been talking with her. She's a strong person. Quite a remarkable young lady, actually. While you're an interesting person in your own right, I think she's more likely to be able to actually help us.

See, we're not in this to be jerks. We just want to live a little again. We can pay your friend for her time. We've got skills, we've got ways to skew things in a person's favor, we've even got ways to make a person a superhero if they trust us enough. But without a host, we're nothing at all.

If you're as into the occult as Anna suggested, you might like the opportunity to have access to us. My memory of the occult isn't all it should be (being dead does no favors for your retention), but I bet I can recognize some of the things Mr. Krite left behind.

Look, I'll move your gaze over at his portrait. See. Stern looking fellow, but most occultists are, aren't they? The serious ones, I mean. The guys who call Art Bell are laughable.

This place is a treasure trove of occult information. The real deal. And you'll have a genuine spirit medium, a willing person hosting us, to guide you. Anna volunteered just now. You heard her, I heard her. I know she's strong enough for it. There'd be little risk to her.

We even came clean with you, didn't we? We could have kept up the charade if we were malevolent. But we cooperated with Anna, and we told you.

So, how about it? If we start acting too weird, you can pull the plug. But until then, how about if you let your friend do what she's saying she wants to do? If you give us a chance, we can compensate you for this intrusion. Like I said, it was just a panicky decision. A poor one, but not the worst possible. I'd like to see things set right.

"Just a moment more please, Anna. Since you're a willing medium this time, I'll need you to not fight us when we begin the transfer. I think you have enough willpower to be able to resist the desire to do so, and I think you could learn to willingly let us take full control as needed. If you're going to be a real medium, you'll need that skill."
>>
No. 677781 ID: f56624

>>677767
jesus christ I go to sleep for just a COUPLE YEARS and we get two new hosts and it all goes to shit

"Aight yo chill, Anna. We didn't know what else to do, they were freaking out and talking about ghost murderers.
...Still freaking out, but you probably expected that. We're going to figure this out? Maybe?"

yo Lo, not to be an asshole but get a grip dude.
>>
No. 677784 ID: 066a87

>>677772
He doesn't need his knockers enhanced. Really. We want their cooperation here.
>>
No. 677788 ID: a107fd

>>677763
>Wait, are you saying that, all of this time, you could have left my body whenever you wanted to?!

Not just any time, no. *count on fingers* First, we barely know how this stuff works, remember? Sure, the drowning amnesiac could let go of a floatation ring, but it's not going to be the first plan that springs to mind.

Second, ethics. This possession thing is the spiritual equivalent of tackling somebody to the ground and then sitting on them: softer than assault with a deadly weapon, but still less friendly than talking things through like civilized adults. You said it was debatable whether we'd hurt you, and you said you didn't want us to hurt your friend, so I gave you a chance to veto this.

Third, switching bodies costs more than two solid days worth of mojo, per hop, so it's not something to do lightly.

If you're really alright with hosting us again, Anna, and Lorinda, if you can promise you'll calm down and think before doing anything else drastic, I'd be willing to go back.
>>
No. 677795 ID: dea183

Anna, sorry, but you are brave. You were scared, but you still talked smack to us. You've proven somewhat that we can reason with you. And now you offer yourself like some sort of sacrifice to us. You are noble. THAT makes you trustworthy. Lo isn't like you. On his own, he will probably make choices that could lead toward either of you getting hurt. And we truly do not wish to bolster the legion with your spirits too. Who knows, maybe we'll help him to man up a bit.

Wait, this is weird. Shouldn't Lo have gone to dormancy when we possessed him? Does intense panic override that? Or were we just a bit overzealous with Anna the first time?
>>
No. 677796 ID: 066a87

>>677795
Safety feature in the spell, probably.
>>
No. 677798 ID: 0ed6e9

>You assholes! Get out of there!
Yeah that's kinda the plan... once he calms down and can think straight again. While we wight go anything you want to say to him that might calm him down? Cause if we just switch back he's either going to faint, piss himself, or run off into the woods and got lost. And to tell the truth I have no idea if anything in this house is actually trapped here or if it can leave and hide in the woods. Plus being lost in the woods in general kinda sucks.
>>
No. 677802 ID: 71e59d

Enhance face. Make Lo look so very pretty.
>>
No. 677803 ID: 066a87

>>677802
Maybe another time. We want to de-escalate things and not pass up or piss off a willing medium.
>>
No. 677804 ID: f2461f

We should probably stay in Lo until he comes to terms with this.

Let's go back to exploring the house, the previous owner might have something like a doll we can hop into. Going into the kitchen again seems counterproductive so we should start looking in the other rooms.
>>
No. 677805 ID: b5b419

>>677767
"Yep. We have your body now, and because of it, you are DAMNED FOREVER and probably going to go to hell. Sorry."

Pause long enough to accumulate more control.

"Just kidding~!"
>>
No. 677806 ID: dea183

>>677805
We're at 100% already. There's no need for that. Achieving a limit breaker might have unforeseen consequences.
>>
No. 677807 ID: ad936f

"Sorry Anna, it's a bit late for that. You probably aren't vulnerable enough anymore."
Lets do a few cartwheels, that should help Lo to freak out more. Maybe we can toggle host awareness too, the way Anna described it it's pretty panic-inducing. once we get above 75% control we can tell Lo not to bother trying to move on his own.
>>
No. 677808 ID: ad936f

>>677807
Wait, never mind, we're at 100% already.
>>
No. 677809 ID: 066a87

>>677804
Oh man, you don't get it do you? We were the first line of defense here. Uninvited intruders get possessed and Mr. Krite got to do whatever he wanted since he could threaten us with the binding spell. But he's not around now and we've got agency here. I think he might well be dead, given how long it seems to have been. If no one remembers Bill Clinton's sexcapades then it's probably been awhile.

Krite might have some more golems around, but I don't think our spell is compatible with them. Not given what our purpose was. Let's cooperate with Anna, and look around here some more. A willing spirit medium is pure gold, it means we've got someone who won't struggle when our control slips after we do big things. She'll work with us, and we'll work with her.
>>
No. 677810 ID: 066a87

>>677807
If she's a willing spirit medium, which she is if she actually does cooperate with us, she'll be able to learn how to voluntarily surrender control to us at will. Spells that would not be safe to use with an unwilling host would be quite safe with a willing medium.
>>
No. 677813 ID: ad936f

>>677810
I don't trust Anna to do something like that just yet. You know how the living are about that whole "free will" thing. She didn't exactly seem happy when we were possessing her.
>>
No. 677822 ID: 71e59d

>>677808
We possessed low control. We've raised it to total control. But now, can we surpass that? Can we go even further beyond?!

Scream, Lo: "AAAAAAAAAAAAH!"
>>
No. 677831 ID: 88960e

Aw, our change host skill didn't level up?

>You… you can go back into my body, if that’s what you need, but you can’t stay in Lo! You just can't!
*Get all formal sounding* You would invite us in, of your own accord? You would voluntarily surrender your will, and your body?

*beat, wait for confirmation*

Then we have a pact. But first, we require that you talk to your friend. He's panicking, and unless you calm him, he will likely flee when we leave him. ...told you so, by the way.

Being overwhelmed by pity or compassion to the point where she's willing to surrender control of herself totally counts as an emotion making her lose control, right?

>Oh my god, no! Please, no! Get out of my body! Get out!
We will. If you give your oath that you will not abandon Anna while we're with her. As ghosts, we take abdonment rather personally. Remember, we're in your head, and we'll know if you lie.

Now hush up and listen to what your friend is saying.
>>
No. 677832 ID: f2461f

>>677809
Alright so we are merely a firewall or a watchdog on a short chain. Perhaps it is better to say we were such things for as you said the one that handed out our purpose isn't telling us what to do. But it would appear we have room to grow and do more then simply follow and obey.

Gaining the trust of Anna is important and the possibility of what that could mean for us is huge. But as we search this house we should be looking for more power. Because in the end, unless we have the power to stop it, they will try to get rid of us permanently. The things we can do now are nice but they are not enough to tempt people, to make others want what we have. If we amass so much power that people want us to posses them then we won't have to worry as much about our destruction.
>>
No. 677833 ID: a107fd

Tell Anna you're going to have Lo siting out in the car until calmness resumes.

>>677822
No, we can't. Quit trolling Lo. Even setting aside the whole 'compassion' angle, any psychological tactics you throw around now are gaining us nothing, and squandering the element of surprise which could otherwise contribute to the effectiveness of such tricks later on, when control is in shorter supply.

>>677405
>You are currently at the maximum level of Control (100%).
>>
No. 677841 ID: fbc59e

Alright, you know waht?
I think the kid needs some time-out to cool off. We can't exactly reason with a panicking person.
*host awareness OFF*
Now, Anna seems like she's calmer, somewhat, so let's see what she has to say on things.
"Anna, it's either you or him, take your pick. We're figuring things out as we go ourselves here. Besides which, you didn't like being possessed right? We can't just jump around willy-nilly, and between us and the skeleton in the kitchen there? There are CLEARLY dangerous forces running around this place.
Personally, I dunno if the others agree, but I'm for blowing this joint, getting in our joyride, maybe eating a few cookies, and then just screwing around with the powers until we run out of power and getting phased out."
>>
No. 677862 ID: dea183

>>677841
Dude, no. Turning off his awareness is more like solitary confinement than being grounded to your room according to Anna. If we do that while he is in this state, we might end up breaking him mentally. And he really doesn't seem like he has much mental fortitude.
>>
No. 677872 ID: 3bc92d
File 144526584981.png - (417.74KB , 800x600 , pq32.png )
677872

>Shouldn't Lo have gone to dormancy when we possessed him?

Details: Host Awareness can’t be switched off while the Host Spirit has majority control. If the Host Spirit doesn’t have majority control when the Host is possessed, then Host Awareness is automatically turned off.

“That’s the plan, Anna. We’re sorry about this, by the way.” The Host bows his head slightly. “We didn’t know what else to do, and we kind of panicked. We did try to give you a chance to veto it, remember?”

:hostlospooked: “What? You let this happen to me? Anna, how could you?!”

“Hey, fuck you! Don’t you dare try to put this on me! You just said that you were going to stop him, you didn’t say anything about taking him over!” Anna exhales through her teeth in a frustrated sort of way. “So. Lo feels everything that you feel, right? It’s just like it was with me?”

“Pretty sure it is, yeah.”

“Damn. I guess I can’t slap you, then.” With a sigh, Anna hesitantly releases her grip on the Host. “Bastards.

:hostlosad: “Everything feels wrong, Anna! I-it’s almost like some kind of lucid nightmare!

“He’s not doing great. Is there anything you can say to him that might make him calm down?”

"Uh... maybe?" After a moment, Anna gently pats the Host’s shoulder and looks into his eyes. “I’m really, really sorry that you're going through this, Lo. Trust me, I know how horrible it is, but please try to hold yourself together.”

:hostlonormal: “I… I’ll do my best.”

>sorry about this whole possession thing.
>Lo, I am so sorry about this.

:hostlosarcastic: “Are you actually trying to be polite? Nice try, but it’s kind of undermined by your evil bodysnatching.

>We're not in this to hurt you.

:hostloangry: “Are you kidding me? What the hell do you think that you’re doing to me right now? Being completely paralyzed, forced to watch and feel you moving around in my body… this is torture. There’s no other word for it.”

>calm down, please?
>get a grip

:hostloangry: “Get a grip?! I can’t get a grip! I literally can’t! I can feel my fingers, but I can’t move them them at all. When I try, nothing happens. They don’t even twitch! How can you possibly expect me to be calm when I have no agency inside my own body?”

Wow, dude. Chill.” The Host mutters. “Hey, Anna. I think we should probably stay in Lo until he comes to terms with this. Maybe even longer than that.”

Excuse me?

:hostlospooked: “What?! Hey, no, I’ve come to terms with it! I’m totally chill! Let me out!”
>>
No. 677879 ID: 3bc92d
File 144526627830.png - (420.68KB , 800x600 , pq33.png )
677879

“See, you’re a strong person, Anna. You managed to be snarky and talk back to us, even when you were scared. You’re reasonable, too. Lo, though… he isn’t like you. He’ll probably make decisions that could lead towards either or both of you getting hurt. Let’s face it: without us inside him, Lo’s a liability.”

:hostloangry: Wow. Fuck you too, buddy.”

“Shut up!” Anna snaps. “You can’t just write people off like that! Besides, you don’t know anything about Lo. Sure, he can be a bit of a coward and a gullible loser sometimes -“

:hostlospooked: “What?! Anna!

“- but he’s also incredibly intelligent. He’s trilingual and has a near-perfect GPA, not to mention that he’s an expert fencer.” Anna narrows her eyes. “But, even ignoring all of that, he’s one of the kindest human beings that I’ve ever met. Lo is my best friend in the whole world, so - so don’t you ever talk shit about him again!” Anna prods the Host sharply in the chest.

:hostlohappy: “…Holy crap, Anna, you are the absolute best! You didn’t have to poke my body quite so hard, though. Ow.

“Okay, okay!” The Host backs away a little bit. “But… it’s him or you. Are you sure you’re alright with being our host? It really didn’t seem like you were okay with it, before.”

“I’ll be honest, here: I’m not exactly thrilled by the idea of letting you go back to walking around in my skin. Hell, even thinking about it makes me so scared that I feel like I might throw up. But Lo doesn’t deserve this. I was the one who pressured him into coming here. If someone has to give up their body, then it should be me.”

:hostlonormal: …Anna…

“Plus, hey, I - I’m used to it, right?” Anna forces a smile. “I can handle losing control for a while. Lo, though? I bet he’s already screaming himself silly in there. There’s no way he’ll be able to handle it, and I don’t think that I could forgive myself if I let him try.”

:hostlosarcastic: “…hey. Ghosts. You… you don’t have to go into Anna. If it means keeping her from having to feel like this, then I’ll do it. I’ll let you use me.”

Anna sighs. “So… tell me when you’re ready, I guess. I’d like a few seconds to prepare, if that’s okay.”
>>
No. 677882 ID: 2a7417

Shutting off the hosts's awareness sounds like a thing we would be able to do when we can overpower them, not the other way around. Though, the way it works now, I guess that means we don't have to worry about fighting for control at lower percentages? Okay. Not for your ears, Lo!

You see, there's no nice way to go about possessing people. Now there's two bodies to manage and even less control over either. Our host-to-spirit control ratio will now never be above 50%.
Switch to Anna, levitate Lo into a closet and lock him in, and let's go for a friggin' drive.
>>
No. 677883 ID: 2ccbb3

... Can we skip the drama and just look for possession targets?

We're sticking to Lo because we get more energy from him. We'll switch over to you if he shows signs of psychological damage.
>>
No. 677884 ID: 88960e

>How can you possibly expect me to be calm when I have no agency inside my own body?
I dunno, the same way we managed to keep calm when we had no agency in any body for years cause we were dead.

If you wanna talk torture, I'm pretty sure we have worse war stories. At least you're going to get you body back. We never will.

The living always take life for granted.

>“So… tell me when you’re ready, I guess. I’d like a few seconds to prepare, if that’s okay.”
You can have a few minutes or more, if you want. Lo's calmed down some and now you're both offering yourself up for the other.
>>
No. 677885 ID: dea183

Great, now you're both willing. This was far less complicated literally two minutes ago.

We should stay in Lo for a little while longer. It feels less objectionable to be messing around with a guy than with a girl.

Plus, Lo shouldn't be as against the idea of getting laid while we're at the wheel. He's a young male after all.
>>
No. 677886 ID: 88960e

>>677882
>>677883
I'm betting empathy strong enough to make you surrender yourself counts as being overpowered with emotion and that we'd recharge if we switch. And/or that there's stuff the red text hasn't told us yet about a willing host and the benefits therein.
>>
No. 677888 ID: fbc59e

Okay so first things first, let's see if we'll lose possession if we try to leave, or if we've got the whole 'locked in a haunted house routine' going on here.
Secondly? We need to start using up our powers. I'm thinking if we go to 0% control we'll be able to fill up if anything spoooooky happens but more importantly our host can do stuff instead of being stuck in the passenger seat.
As for WHO our host should be, I'm thinking that we flip back and forth depending on our power levels. In general, I'm thinking Anna if only because she's more used to it/handling it better, but that might only be because we jumped to Lo mid-flip out and recharged on that...
Hard to say really.
I like the idea of Anna as host and Lo 'free' since if he's the panicky one, then we can bounce to him mid-bad things, ride his panic for recharge into GHOSTLY SHENANIGANS! And if we find him a sword he can fight while we use our powers to support him from within Anna.
This informs our priorities within the house assuming we can't just bail the kids out and not have to deal with mysterious spooky schemes from beyond the grave...
Incidentally?
We should probably remember that camera trick, and use it on spooooky things, in case we run into something that's being covered by spoooky illusions or something. We have it, so other things in here can have it.
>>
No. 677894 ID: cab7d6

Well then, let me be the first to welcome you to the Home by the Sea. (Possess Anna) (Sea sold separately by the seashore)
>>
No. 677912 ID: 89941a

..I wonder how he'd react if we did Enhance Knockers on hid body.
>>
No. 677929 ID: 99cfa8

"Ugh, now you're both willing to 'sacrifice' yourself for the other. Why does this have to be so complicated? Why does our only means of interacting with the world-

... wanna go see if we can possess the skelly? Let's do that."
>>
No. 677933 ID: dea183

>>677929
The skelly is already magical and not alive in the traditional sense. Let's not.
>>
No. 677935 ID: 9a7fd8

Lo, you saw the weird shit we did before, right? You are aware that even if you have to give up direct control of your body, you basically have a diplomatic influence on a being with superpowers, right? Even if you don't have direct influence. So it's *kinda* like having superpowers? Try to look at it in that light.
>>
No. 677937 ID: 0ed6e9

...you know he's kinda saying the same thing right now. And in my opinion which I know nether of you care for you two would have made a good couple. To bad he turned out to be gay like you said. If either of you could have just gotten bold enough to admit your feelings to the other I'm sure you two would have been wonderful together.

As for what to do now. Honestly I'm at an impasse. I don't want to take anyone's body but at the same time I want a body. I mean without a body everything has no direction unless you have something to focus on and with all of our senses muted it's hard to focus on anything. (sigh) you know if I ever meet the guy who said everything becomes clear when you die I'm going to punch him in the dick for tell such a blatant lie.
>>
No. 677952 ID: 066a87

I'm going to try jumping into Anna. You guys stay here in Lo. I want to see if it's even possible for us to split up.
>>
No. 677964 ID: dea183

>>677952
Ghostrider, no! She'll turn into the Spirit of Vengeance!
>>
No. 677966 ID: 2eeb65

Split up.

50% in Lo, 50% in Anna. That's only fair.
>>
No. 677984 ID: 7a6915

>50% in Lo, 50% in Anna. That's only fair.
That's shit and we all know it: We're currently riding around one person who experiences it as imprisonment, and neither of these two people seem to have been a criminal deserving of imprisonment either. Doubling that sensation without a genuine need or a tangible good that outweighs that harm would actually make us jerks worth fighting instead of refugees from bodilessness trying to make a case for making the best of temporary residence.
Now, Anna, Lo says the same thing as you, "Stick in me so that she doesn't have to suffer this shit." To be honest Lo's tendency to panic gives us more spirit-mojo to do spirit things with, but I'm not the kind of sociopath who would think that's a good thing instead of a silver lining on a cloud of bullshit. All else being equal, creepy temporary boob-inflation is actually something you might have a use for. I'm not seeing the case for it from Lo's perspective as much unless they really like levitation-flying more than you. Your thoughts on the benefits of ghost superpowers, folks?
>>
No. 677989 ID: 066a87

>>677964
But she has the keys!
>>
No. 677996 ID: 025c3c

>>677882
No, you got it backwards. The host spirit is the spirit native to the host. Lo didn't auto-dormant cause we started at only 34%; he had the majority at that point.
>>
No. 678011 ID: dea183

>>677989
You'll just end up dispensing frontier justice!
>>
No. 678030 ID: ad936f

Nope, there's no guarantee we'd have full control if we switched into Anna, it's too much of a risk. Plus Anna seems to be the braver of the two, which matters a lot when you're in a place this spooky.
>>
No. 678044 ID: 066a87

>>678030
I'm doing it anyway! I'm going back to Anna.
>>
No. 678065 ID: f56624

>>677879
Satan almighty, OKAY

Lo, Anna's probably the best bet, and that's what I'm voting for. She can sort of deal with our presence. Just PLEASE promise not to call ghost murderers on us, aight? That's kind of a big issue for us, we don't want to cease existing. Kind of the whole cruxerino of our issue here, that.

So please, do not do that.

Sorry again about possessing you man, didnt see another option.
>>
No. 678109 ID: a107fd

Anna, Lo, this is getting silly. How 'bout you play rock-paper-scissors or something to decide who gets to be the martyr for as long as it takes to drive to an internet cafe, where we can call up James Randi (or a successor, as appropriate) and collect fat stacks of cash by proving the existence of supernatural phenomena? Then once you've got fame and fortune under control we'll be able to find a genuine willing host no problem.
>>
No. 678158 ID: 7a6915

>...call up James Randi (or a successor, as appropriate) and collect fat stacks of cash by proving the existence of supernatural phenomena...
This is actually a pretty decent medium-term plan if we're genuinely capable of it. Heck... even if we give half to these kids and keep the other half then a million bucks is a lot of walking-around change and a little bit of significant-purchases dosh. We still don't know if we can leave the house or if trying automatically separates us from the host. I suspect trying to get James Randi to bring a camera crew to an abandoned place with human remains in it might be a little... dicey.
>>
No. 678171 ID: 2eeb65

>>677984
Come on!
Each one will have 50% control.
No one will feel guilty towards the other.
Each one gets cool ghost superpowers and helpful guiding spirits.

It's a win-win scenario!
>>
No. 678176 ID: 066a87

>>678158
>James Randi
Have you heard the term "honeypot" before? Outing ourselves in an obvious way is probably not going to end well for us.

The levitation power, with enough practice, could be useful for cheating at games of chance if we (or more accurately, our host/medium) are really in dire need.

More practically, we can use our powers to learn secrets which will make knowing how to invest in public companies much easier. All the profits of insider trading, without the nasty paper trails.
>>
No. 678177 ID: cd369a

>>678171
But it makes us seem duplicitous and untrustworthy as Nixon. We will try it eventually, but not before these two are more comfortable with our existence.

I am firmly against attempting this right now.
>>
No. 678263 ID: 3bc92d
File 144536707399.png - (440.83KB , 800x600 , pq34.png )
678263

“You can have a few minutes or more, if you’d like.” The Host shrugs. “Lo’s telling us that he’d rather stay possessed than have you go through it instead.”

“He is? Well, no offense, Lo, but stop being stupid. I’m the one who’s going to do this.”

:hostlosarcastic: “Hey, you stop being stupid! I’m trying to help you!”

The Host repeats Lo’s words.

Seriously?! You can’t sacrifice your body to prevent me from giving up my body! Lo, I’m only doing this in the first place so that you don’t have to lose your body, you dumbass! You’re completely defeating the purpose of this whole thing!”

“You know, the two of you would have made a good couple.” The Host smiles. “Too bad Lo turned out to be ga-“

:hostloangry: “Shut up! Stay out of this!”

“Shut up!” Anna yells. “Stay out of this!”

>Lo, Anna's probably the best bet
>I know she's strong enough for it. There'd be little risk to her.

:hostlonormal: “I know Anna’s strong enough to handle it, I know that she’s an amazing person, and that’s exactly why she doesn’t deserve to go through this. No one deserves to go through this! Don’t you understand?! Your presence inside our bodies is unwanted! You’re unwanted! Just go away and leave us alone!”

>At least you're going to get your body back. We never will. The living always take life for granted.
>See, we're not in this to be jerks. We just want to live a little again.

:hostlosarcastic: “Sure, keep telling yourselves that, keep trying to pretend that what you’re doing isn’t unforgivable. Do you honestly think that we don’t want to live, too? You’ve already had your chances at life! There’s no possible way that you could justify taking ours, too.”

>Lorinda. Nice name. I get why you like to go by Lo though. I wonder what your folks were thinking, giving you a girl's name?

:hostlospooked: “H-how do you know about…?! Never mind! I don’t want to talk about it, especially not now, and especially not with you.

>We could have kept up the charade if we were malevolent. But we cooperated with Anna, and we told you.

:hostlonormal: “…that’s true, isn’t it? You were honest, even when you didn’t have to be. But… no, that doesn’t change anything. You still took over Anna, and you still forced your way into my body.”

>We woke up when Anna walked through the door there. It was automatic. No control, no decision making involved.
>You were freaking out and it wasn't gonna help anyone.
>didnt see another option.
>This trespass was not appropriate, but even spirits can become flustered.

:hostlonormal: “You didn’t intend to possess Anna? Huh. I was freaking out a bit, so I guess I can almost sort of understand why you jumped into me, but… if that’s the case, then why haven’t you already left our bodies?”

>We're figuring things out as we go
>I don't want to take anyone's body but at the same time I want a body. I mean without a body everything has no direction unless you have something to focus on and with all of our senses muted it's hard to focus on anything.
>If we start acting too weird, you can pull the plug. But until then, how about if you let your friend do what she's saying she wants to do?

:hostlosarcastic: “…fine. I’ll reserve judgment. You’re still getting used to this, I guess, and I did some stupid things, too. If Anna’s willing to let you use her body, then I won’t stand in the way of that. For now, at least.”

>PLEASE promise not to call ghost murderers on us, aight?
>give your oath that you will not abandon Anna while we're with her. As ghosts, we take abandonment rather personally. Remember, we're in your head, and we'll know if you lie.

:hostlospooked: “Wait, what?! You can tell when I’m lying? That’s so not fair!”

>Life ain’t fair, kiddo. Nor unlife.

:hostlosarcastic: “…damn it. Okay, I promise that I won’t try to call an exorcist on you, and I promise that I won’t run off and leave you alone while you’re in Anna’s body. I also promise that I won’t stand by and do nothing if you try to hurt her, though. Remember that.”

“Right, then. Anna, I think we’re ready.”

Anna closes her eyes and breathes for a little while, steadying herself. Finally, she inhales deeply and holds her breath. She nods, trembling very slightly. “Do it.”
>>
No. 678264 ID: 3bc92d
File 144536715851.gif - (282.70KB , 800x600 , pq35.gif )
678264

>Split up. 50% in Lo, 50% in Anna. That’s only fair.
>try to perform multi-possession!

Error: Required Spirit Command is not currently known.

>(Possess Anna)

Activated Spirit Command!

Possess Host: Annabella Wickerson

>>
No. 678266 ID: 3bc92d
File 144536727069.png - (439.16KB , 800x600 , pq36.png )
678266

Possession complete!

Host: Annabella Wickerson

Willing Host: Control cost halved.

Control: 75%


The Host exhales.

“…gah!” Lo rubs his head, wincing. “You… things don’t feel good going in or out.”

“You’ll get over it.” The Host puts a hand on her hip. “Oh, and by the way, if you break your oath by trying to run, then we’ll levitate you into a closet and lock you inside. Just food for thought.”

“I won’t abandon her.” Lo shakes his head, looking unhappy. “Not after going through that. Anna, I’m so sorry, I - I didn’t know how it felt.”

Host Awareness: Off

Would you like to turn Host Awareness on?

>>
No. 678269 ID: cd369a

Of course, let Anna be an honorary member of the collective.
>>
No. 678270 ID: fbc59e

*turn host awareness on*
"Sorry Anna, did not mean to turn you off again, that happens automatically if we've got enough power going into someone."
>>
No. 678271 ID: 0ed6e9

host on

>You… things don’t feel good going in or out.
yeah, sorry about that. Again not something we have much control over.

...soooooo, now what?
>>
No. 678272 ID: 2ccbb3

*Host On*

... Well, we've wasted enough time. Possessing hosts is inefficient, we need to find someone new to possess.

Also, we'd like more CP, but we shouldn't outright violate Anna's body. Maybe a few embarrassing actions would do the trick.

...

Do the chicken dance.
>>
No. 678274 ID: 9a7fd8

>>678271
Obviously now we hunt for more ghost superpowers. Come on, Anna, you have set out an afternoon for this, right? Don't you want your new ghost buddies to have even better superpowers?
>>
No. 678281 ID: 88960e

>Would you like to turn Host Awareness on?
Yes, please.

Now that we have a cooperative host, and less than 100% control, could we do her the courtesy of allowing her partial control over her voice? That or relay speech. Let her participate in the conversation with Lo instead of being sidelined. It would make us sound like a crazy person, but I assume a strained human and creepy ghosts would sound a little different.

>“Sure, keep telling yourselves that, keep trying to pretend that what you’re doing isn’t unforgivable. Do you honestly think that we don’t want to live, too? You’ve already had your chances at life! There’s no possible way that you could justify taking ours, too.”
It's easy to justify, actually. The final chance and last reprieve of an entire group versus the temporary imposition on an individual.

Maybe you'll understand one day, after your death. I rather hope you avoid our fate, though. There must be kinder hearafters.
>>
No. 678283 ID: 88960e

>>678281
>host awareness
Sorry about that, Anna. Didn't mean to overwhelm you again. Thanks for the ride.
>>
No. 678284 ID: cd369a

Switch Host Awareness on.

Anna, do you have any prior knowledge of this house? What drew you here?

Let's search through the house a bit more. Maybe we'll figure out WHY we're haunting this place as a spirit swarm and not as individual spirits. Hell, isn't it weird that there's so many of us in a single haunting?

>>678274
Yes, this totally can't be taken in the wrong way.
>>
No. 678286 ID: 066a87

>>678266
Host awareness on. When she comes awake, let's work together to read what she tries to do. She's got enough control that we'll be able to feel the muscles move. She won't have fine motor control but if we step in and help the experience should be a lot less terrible for her.

Same thing with speech. That trick I pulled, duplicating what she wanted to say the way she wanted to say it, any of us can do that. So let's do it and lessen the amount of distress we're putting her through.
>>
No. 678288 ID: 066a87

>>678272
No way. No forcing her to do weird stuff. We can try another way to get the energy we'll need. Like I've been saying, I think she could willingly hand over control if we can talk her into it.

>>678284
I still think we were just part of the defenses Mr. Krite left behind.
>>
No. 678289 ID: cd369a

>>678287
Yes, but it doesn't make any sense that we act as a swarm now and are interdependent on each other to control a host.

Usually, it's enough for a single spirit to completely take over a host, willing or unwilling. Wouldn't it be more efficient for a defense system to take care of multiple threats instead of just one?

There must be a purpose to the fact that basically we invaded the sovereign state of Anna when she entered. And from what I know, the purpose for that is most often with a malevolent goal in mind.
>>
No. 678292 ID: 2a7417

Keep it off for just a bit longer than expected. Use her terror at thinking we've reneged on the deal to regain 100% control.

>We could have kept up the charade if we were malevolent.
We would have kept it up if we were smart, too. Now the jig is up and we have to ask permission to *breathe.* The only upside is that we don't have to spend hourly control points on emulating the host while we're around Lo.

Let's find some water, we look parched.
>>
No. 678301 ID: cd369a

>>678292
>Let's find some water, we look parched.

Let's not 'find' it. Whatever water we can find here is most probably unsanitary. We should better ask Lo and Anna if they brought some water with them on their day of adventure.

If they didn't, we should lecture them on their less than favourable survival skills.
>>
No. 678311 ID: 3bc92d
File 144537254034.png - (427.66KB , 800x600 , pq37.png )
678311

Host Awareness: On

:hostannaspooked: “Ah!”

>Sorry about that, Anna.
>Sorry Anna, did not mean to turn you off again, that happens automatically if we've got enough power going into someone.

:hostannanormal: “Th-that’s helpful to know. Shit, for a few seconds, I was scared that you’d stolen my body for good. I’m really, really glad that I was wrong. I don’t think I could handle being trapped in that emptiness forever.”

>Thanks for the ride.

:hostannasarcastic: “…are you treating my body like a car? Oh, never mind. You’re welcome, I guess.”

The Host starts shakily wiggling the fingers of her left hand. After a moment, she clenches and unclenches that hand into a fist, and then she begins flexing her wrist.

:hostannathinking: “Oh, nice, I get a whole hand to myself this time. Being possessed like this is still the most horrible thing that’s ever happened to me, but… I guess it could be worse.”

The Host begins speaking, trying her best to make her voice sound noticeably more nasally, as well as a bit higher in pitch. “Oh, nice, I get a whole hand to myself this time. Being possessed like this is still the most horrible thing that’s ever happened to me, but… I guess it could be worse.”

Lo blinks, confused. “Anna?”

:hostannanormal: “What? Am I regaining control over my voi-? No, wait, not falling for it again. You’re doing that, aren’t you?”

“What? Am I regaining control over my voi-? No, wait, not falling for it again. You’re doing that, aren’t you?” The Host switches back to her normal voice. “Yes, Anna, we’re doing that. We’re going to try relaying your speech, and maybe lessen the distress we’re putting you through.”

:hostannathinking: “Huh. I’m going to overdose on deja vu, but I guess it’s worth it. Thanks.” (Repeated.)

Lo puts a hand on the Host’s shoulder. “How are you feeling, Anna?”

:hostannasarcastic: “Oh, just wonderful, Lo, it’s something like being at an expensive spa. How do you think I feel, you dumbass?! I’m a hand, for fuck’s sake.” (R)

“I’m sorry, Anna.” Lo gives the Host a hug.

:hostannablushing: “W-whoa, uh, hey, hugging, um…! L-Lo, relax. It’s okay, really. I’ll manage, for now.” (R)

The Host gently pushes Lo away. “Not to interrupt, but would either of you have happened to bring any water with you? We’re feeling a bit parched, but we're pretty sure that we can't trust any liquids that we might find in this place.”

“Yeah, we have water and sandwiches out in the car.” Lo looks uncomfortable. “Hey, uh, speaking of the car… what are you planning to do with Anna’s body? Are you going to stay in this creepy-as-fuck monster mansion and keep exploring, or what?”
>>
No. 678313 ID: 0ed6e9

>Are you going to stay in this creepy-as-fuck monster mansion and keep exploring, or what?”
well when we bumped into that symbol by the stairs we learned a bit more about ourselves. Maybe if we can find a few more we'd be able to learn how to make our own body instead of just possessing one of you. Again though seeing as We can't work without the buddy system we'll ask before we do anything.
>>
No. 678314 ID: f56624

>>678311
"Let's finish up exploring first, we should probably figure out just why it is we were put here like that."
>>
No. 678315 ID: 2a7417

>actually thirsty
That was a joke, about our mummified appearance. We don't actually remember what hungry and thirsty feel like anymore. If you're wondering how we know what our face looks like, let's just call it an out of body experience and leave it at that.

We've spent enough time cooped up in this haunted house, let's go for a drive through the countryside.
>>
No. 678326 ID: 025c3c

>“Hey, uh, speaking of the car… what are you planning to do with Anna’s body? Are you going to stay in this creepy-as-fuck monster mansion and keep exploring, or what?”
Just a hunch, but I'm guessing a bunch of ghosts popping up in a creepy as fuck mansion with skeletons guarding spells isn't a coincidence. There might be something we're supposed to be do here. That there's reason we're here.

...I suppose we might as well test if we're even able to leave.

If it's daylight: have Lo open the door and gingerly stick something into the light, see if it hurts. If that test passes, we can try moving outside. Take our first look at the sky since, well.

Longer term? If we're not on a clock or trapped, like I suspect we are? Try to find a more equitable solution than body stealing. Partner with someone who will let us borrow them while they're sleeping. Visit a prison and steal from someone who deserves it. Find a coma patient. Step in and help someone with crippling mental illness control themselves.

>sandwiches
...I literally cannot remember the last time we ate.
>>
No. 678329 ID: cd369a

>>678313
>>678314
I second these motions.
>>
No. 678345 ID: a107fd

Test the exits, sample a sandwich, then explore as previously scheduled. I mean, what's actually changed? You've just got a really inconvenient new friend with creepy superpowers.

Do either of you know sign language at all? Anna's got one hand free, so she could use that as an alternate channel if you're worried about us distorting or omitting what she says. Or we could pass her the phone and she could send thumb-dialed text messages.
>>
No. 678355 ID: 2eeb65

The mortal called "Anna" seems to enjoy that peculiar thing mortals call "hugging". We should proceed to hug the mortal called "Lo".
>>
No. 678358 ID: 066a87

>>678289
Maybe the spell needs some sort of upkeep, and has deteriorated over time. I don't think the memory loss or loss of abilities is normal either. Not that any of this is normal.
>>
No. 678398 ID: ad936f

We should probably at least test if we can even leave the mansion first, We'll take Anna outside while Lo stays inside as our backup possession target. If we can leave it might make sense to go home for the night(?) it'd be nice to get a look at the world after all these years, also to see how sleep affects us. Hell, if we can leave it might make sense for us to just go to the authorities, the existence of ghosts and by extension the afterlife is something the public should know about. But, all that aside, I'd really like to get a better look at this mansion, preferably soon.
>>
No. 678418 ID: 2ccbb3

"Just find us someone else to possess. Shouldn't be hard. We can Enhance Knockers, there's a large market for that."
>>
No. 678420 ID: cd369a

I've been thinking. We're always talking about possessing someONE. What if we can possess someTHING, as in living but sorta mindless? Like a dog? We could go all Scoobie Doo on this situation.
>>
No. 678479 ID: 066a87

>>678420
But. But. But dogs can't drive.

I can't accept that. I refuse. I want to drive!
>>
No. 678489 ID: f2461f

If we keep exploring there is a good chance we will gain more abilities. So let's look around a little more then we can go.
>>
No. 678499 ID: 8f3110

>>678479
Oh, dogs can drive. It's just that dogs can't drive LEGALLY.
>>
No. 678501 ID: 5ad4a7

>>678311
I strongly desire exploration of the domicile we reside in.
>>
No. 678507 ID: 8da07e

Here's our basic conundrum: now that we've been pushed into possessing someone, we have to stay possessing someone. We can't just leave, only move from one person to another. What we all need to do is snoop around the house and find whatever's caused this whole thing, and maybe when we've done that we can figure out how to, i dunno, rest in peace or whatever. Either of you two ever hear of any mysterious murders around here?

Oh and also we're going to want to have some fun with your bodies. Nothing bad.
>>
No. 678518 ID: 88960e

>>678479
They can stick their heads out car windows, though.

(Inb4 they're even more outraged at the idea of doing this to a cuddly pet).
>>
No. 678603 ID: a107fd

>>678518
Maybe we could go to the zoo and possess a chimp or something? More prehensile limbs, more muscle, less of a moral issue. Less social status, but hey, if we can cover up the visual cues of being possessed we can probably figure out some magic way to work around that.
>>
No. 678623 ID: 8f3110

>>678603
You're onto something here. If we were to dress up intelligently as a chimp, we could theoretically pass for a little person (not to say "midget").
>>
No. 678629 ID: ad936f

>>678623
We'd have to be constantly giving ourselves proper vocal cords and modifying our fingers. We don't know how to do either I don't think. And if we did that we'd constantly be edging closer to flinging our shit at people. And this plan requires that we be able to posses non-humans, which is not guaranteed.
>>
No. 678644 ID: 8f3110

>>678629
Not necessarily. We could act mute and communicate through sign language. Chimpanzees are pretty good at sign language and possess great lexical awareness. Most physical differences can be hand-waved as defects and disorders.
>>
No. 678678 ID: 066a87

Let's re-learn how to exist apart from each other. Then you can all be chimps, and I can be someone with a driver's license.
>>
No. 678690 ID: 1412b9

>>678678
You can't get into trouble with the cops while driving without a license as a chimp. Or a dog. No sane government predicts the eventuality of that to make it punishable by law for the animal.
>>
No. 678750 ID: 3bc92d
File 144553392379.png - (468.34KB , 800x600 , pq38.png )
678750

“We should probably at least test if we even can leave the mansion before we start making any plans.” The Host grabs the doorknob and opens the front door. “Lo, you stay in here, in case we need an emergency backup body.”

“Excuse me?!”

“Just a second.” The Host steps out into the sunlight. After a few seconds, she smiles, then turns her gaze upwards. “Alright! Look at that sky! You know, I haven’t seen the sky since… I don’t know when.”

“Wait, are you an ‘I’ or a ‘we’?” Lo tilts his head, confused. “Come to think of it, what are you, exactly?”

“Both. Either. Sometimes one of us is speaking, sometimes many of us are.” The Host shrugs. “As for what we are… well, we’re still working that part out. Say, either of you two ever hear of any mysterious murders around here?

“Nope.”

:hostannanormal: “No.” (R)

“Oh well, worth a shot.” The Host glances back at the mansion. “Just a hunch, but I'm guessing that a bunch of ghosts popping up in a creepy as fuck mansion with skeletons guarding spells isn't a coincidence. There might be something we're supposed to be doing here. What we all need to do is snoop around the house and find whatever's caused this whole thing, and maybe when we've done that, we can figure out how to, I don’t know, rest in peace, or whatever. Oh, and we're also going to want to have some fun with your bodies!”

Lo freezes, his eyes widening.

:hostannaspooked: “What the fuck do you mean by that?” (R)

“You know, fun stuff! Nothing bad. By the way, did you happen to mention… sandwiches?

~ ~ ~

“Mmmf, oh mmm mmf, thih ish sho good, oh my gmmf!” The Host takes another massive bite out of her sandwich. “Mmmf. Youmff know, I literally can’t r’mmember the lasht time we ate, mmm!”

“Wow.” Lo watches the Host eat. “This is… weird. Really weird.”

:hostannasarcastic: “You’re telling me. It does not feel right to have someone else eating using my body. Oog. (Rmmf)

The Host takes a few more bites, and then she wipes her mouth.“Mmm, delicious. We'll save the rest for later, I think. Anyway, let’s get back to exploring, as previously scheduled!”

“If that’s what you want.”
>>
No. 678752 ID: 3bc92d
File 144553408136.png - (443.05KB , 800x600 , pq39.png )
678752

“It’ll be just like old times! Old times only being a few minutes ago, but, still, I mean, what's actually changed? You've just got a really inconvenient new friend with creepy superpowers. “

Anna is my friend, not you. You’re just wearing her face.”

“Oh, come on.” The Host grins and wraps her arms around Lo. “You like us. Admit it.”

:hostannablushing: “Hey! What are you doing?! S-stop that!” (Not Repeated)

“I like Anna.” Lo shoves the Host away. “Like I said, you’re not my friend. If anything, you’ve taken my friend hostage and stolen her identity.”

“Ow!” The Host massages the area on her arm where Lo pushed her. “There was no need for that.”

“Really? Because it sure seemed like there was, to me. Look, you do whatever you have to do to get out of Anna’s body and leave us alone, but don’t try to act like we’re buddies, because we’re not.” Lo opens the car door and gestures at the mansion. “You want to explore? Let’s explore. You want to eat sandwiches? Let’s eat sandwiches. You’re in control, here, and you know that. You’ve basically got a gun pointed at Anna’s head from the inside.”

:hostannauncomfortablesmile: “…um, hey, Lo? Please stop antagonizing the ghosts. I kind of want my body back, okay?” (R)

“…Right. Sorry, Anna.” Lo forces a smile. “So, ghosts! Buddies! Time to start searching the mansion, then?”

The Host climbs out of the car. “Yeah, I guess it is. Come on.” The Host leads Lo back to the front door, and they re-enter the building.

“Where do we go first, oh lifeless leader…s?”
>>
No. 678754 ID: 2a7417

Upstairs. Bring a flashlight, in case our glowing eyes aren't illumination enough.
>>
No. 678755 ID: 3663d3

spin around with your eyes closed then stop with your hand outstretched, we go that way.
>>
No. 678756 ID: 1412b9

Let's check the door on the left. I don't like that floor stuff coming from under it.

Lo, why would we intentionally hurt Anna? As far as we know, we could pass on to the afterlife along with her if something happened to her body. Or worse. Much, much worse. We've no idea. While we're possessing her, we're the last thing to fear from in her case. Honestly speaking, you're more in the hostage situation than her.

...Of course, don't take that as a thinly veiled threat but as a pragmatic assessment of the situation.
>>
No. 678759 ID: 88960e

>…um, hey, Lo? Please stop antagonizing the ghosts. I kind of want my body back, okay?
Don't worry. There's nothing he can say to make this permanent.

>creepy you like us shit
Wait, where did that come from. Not only is it a dumb approach, I don't think we even suggested that.

>Where do we go first, oh lifeless leader…s?
Check out the door on the right, covered I'm symbols. Ask Lo if they mean anything to him, he's supposed to know about this kind of stuff, right?
>>
No. 678762 ID: ca8ded

No murders, huh? How about disappearances? Old graveyards? Native burial grounds? Historical battlefields? It's not like you can just pop down to the local skeleton shop. Though, is there anywhere nearby that would have a morgue? Or any other sort of dead body repository?

Say, round abouts where are we, anyway? What's the nearest large settlement? Nearest city?
>>
No. 678763 ID: 5ad4a7

...is it just me or did the area past the stairs change? Like, completely? There was a dresser up there with something on it, and two doors on the left wall.

I say we check out the door on the left on the ground floor.
>>
No. 678773 ID: dbb0f9

>>678763
Doesn't seem to be you
>>677028
One of the doors and the dresser is gone.
>>
No. 678777 ID: 066a87

"Hey Lo, Anna, what kind of reward do you guys want for helping us?"
>>
No. 678780 ID: 025c3c

>>678777
"My body back!"

That just seems like provoking them. And it seems silly to offer, since we may very well not be able to offer anything else.
>>
No. 678781 ID: 1412b9

>>678777
We shouldn't promise things we cannot give.
>>
No. 678793 ID: ad936f

Don't try to paint us as the villains, there's a hell of a lot more of us in here than there are of you. These circumstances are unfortunate, but we're only doing the pragmatic, utilitarian thing. And if we creep you out by being overly friendly or lewd, know that we're just trying to lighten the mood the only way a quasi-democratic committee of ghosts can.
>>
No. 678794 ID: 066a87

>>678781
It's not a promise to ask what they want. And there are things we can deliver on, if they'll cooperate. Like insider trading, for starters. That'd be doable for us, and they could make a lot of money at it.
>>
No. 678795 ID: 3ea3f9

If the layout is changing we might want to go full out labyrinth-buster on it. Did you two bring like, twine or yarn or something?
>>
No. 678796 ID: a107fd

>>678752
>You’re in control, here, and you know that. You’ve basically got a gun pointed at Anna’s head from the inside.

From the inside? Sure, I could make bullets out of snot and bread and shoot them from her nose. That'd be disgusting and harmless. I could knock her unconscious and levitate you, for a few minutes, but then I'd run out of ghost mojo, she'd have full control of her body, and you'd resume running off to fetch an exorcist. Or just dip a fencing foil in holy water or something. Game over, we lose.

You're thinking of us like a guy with a gun, when we're more like a dog who didn't decide to be born with sharp teeth and no other way go grip things. And, yeah, like a dog, we've got no manners, and we smell bad, but we just want to be friends. Some rich asshole sorcerer locked us up in his house with nothing to do, then wandered off and died or something, so we got lonely, jumped without thinking when the door finally opened, and we're sorry.

I've been nice here, held back and attempted to explain myself every step of the way. Even the ZUUL thing! I mean, what would you have done, stuck in the wrong body, after trying to introduce yourself got taken as a joke? If you have any suggestions about what to do next, that don't involve banishing us to a hoary netherworld for all eternity, please, feel free to take the initiative.
>>
No. 678797 ID: f2461f

Let's check out the room with blood leaking out from under it. If that one turns out to be locked next vote goes to dark shadowy hallway.
>>
No. 678808 ID: 1412b9

>>678794
Or raise hell for them. With great power comes great responsibility.
>>
No. 678811 ID: 88e46e

Hey lads, one of those user-manual things from earlier mentioned we can be bodiless, and we don't look like the host unless we actively try. Think we should turn off the illusion or wander around incorporeally for a while?
>>
No. 678825 ID: 025c3c

>>678811
Turning off "Emulate Host" doesn't make us body-less, it just means we look freaky in front of Lo. It's just a glamour / perception hack.

We don't even have a spirit command for "abandon body". We don't actually have a means to voluntarily go intangible, though presumably there's some way we can end up without a body. Maybe if we lose majority control, the host can force us out? Maybe if we fail a jump between bodies, we end up floating again?
>>
No. 678826 ID: 88e46e

>>678825
Yes, I'm aware they're two separate things.
>>
No. 678829 ID: 0fc976

>>678777
>>678808
Sure are a lot of recognizable ghosts in this body.
>>
No. 678833 ID: 88e46e

>>678829
Please leave.
>>
No. 678882 ID: ad936f

Sure, we could kill Anna if we wanted, but so could you. We'd have to have a really good reason to want to kill her. In this moment we're about as much of a threat to her as you are. Also, I'd like to remind you that our existence proves that death isn't actually that bad.
>>
No. 678883 ID: 4ab559

>>678882
>I'd like to remind you that our existence proves that death isn't actually that bad.
Only slightly dickish.
>>
No. 678884 ID: 88960e

>>678882
They were speaking of metaphorical guns to heads, let's not discuss actual death threats.
>>
No. 678894 ID: 4ab559

>>678884
Metaphorical guns to the head imply that they think we will actually and purposely cause harm to them. We have to clarify this in our clumsy ghostly manner.
>>
No. 678924 ID: 066a87

"Anna Anna Bo Banna, Banana Fanna Fo Fanna, Me My Mo Manna, Anna!"
>>
No. 678926 ID: 2ccbb3

Those wards look... technology-based. Notice how they have the semi-organized feel of a circuit board, implying reprogrammable runes. Compared to that set of runes we saw right before we possessed Anna, our "possession trap" was more of a series of circular art that was literally pointing at the doorway; that's basically all of us dog-piling on whoever barges into abandoned rooms.

I think the wards might be automated locks; you find the correct control panel or hack them flawlessly and they'll deactivate without any fuss. Given that bloodstain near the door without any runes (implying that the lock was broken), I REALLY think that triggering any alarms would be a bad idea.

Hm. Maybe Lo can't see the runes because he isn't possessed. If so, let's look around and we'll try to find a magic voodoo control panel or whatever.
>>
No. 678973 ID: ad936f

>>678762
Well, there are a lot of us, and ghosts have to come from somewhere, so... gosh kome you aren't looking so good! Also, that is a good question, where are we? I hope we're in America, that highway system is really nice, also we'd legally be allowed to do whatever we want to these guys because they're trespassing on our property. At least, I think this is our property.
>>
No. 678974 ID: 0fc976

>>678973
I'm pretty sure that as long as they're not on our lawn, we can't legally do anything to them. Darn.
>>
No. 678980 ID: ad936f

>>678974
I think you'll find that this counts as a home invasion.
>>
No. 678986 ID: a107fd

>>678980
Before getting too deep into legalities of home invasion and self-defense, I think it might be non-trivial to get a court to recognize our existence at all, let alone personhood and rights.

The smart thing would be to get lawyers rather than cops involved first. Start by setting up "ZUUL inc." or something as a limited liability corporation, our current host as an employee of that corporation, and acquiring the house either by tracking down and negotiating with the previous owner's heirs or whoever bought it at a tax-seizure auction, or through https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adverse_possession
>>
No. 678997 ID: 066a87

>>678973
We are ghosts, so I think you will find that we do not have any rights. Dead people don't have rights unless you're in Florida. Then they can vote.

Um. Anna, are we in Florida?
>>
No. 679034 ID: a107fd

>>678997
An inanimate corpse definitely doesn't have rights, but that's not us. By most legal definitions we're not really dead. We've got thoughts. We can move around and speak, with assistance, and even occasionally make rational decisions.

Hey, Anna, purely as a hypothetical in case this goes on for a long time: how would you feel about going back in 'the dark place' for a few seconds at a time, with plenty of warning, in order to maintain privacy while we type in the password to an e-mail account, or PIN number for a bank transaction or whatnot?

Conceivably, if we get some financial thing under control, we could eventually pay you reparations for the inconvenience and horrible burning-and-freezing feeling and so forth. Say... $200 per hour? Don't really have a good sense yet of how hard it would be to get money, or how much your time is worth.
>>
No. 679078 ID: 066a87

>>679034
Getting the information we'd need to pull off an insider trading scam would take a day minimum. The more cautious we are, the longer it'll take. Once it is done, cashing out wouldn't take very long. We'd have to have the name we used for this pay taxes and be all on the up and up, but that's not a big deal.

Figure a week for an arbitrary amount of money? The limit would be how much collateral damage we were willing to tolerate while we extract wealth from the company, or companies, we target.
>>
No. 679140 ID: a107fd

>>678759
>Wait, where did that come from. Not only is it a dumb approach, I don't think we even suggested that.
I suspect the original plan for this quest did not take into account TGchan's tendency to befriend everyone who's not actively trying to kill us, and many of those who are. Aggravating ghost/mortal tensions may be an attempt to get things back on track.

>>679078
Ah, if that's true then a few hundred bucks per hour until we get a properly-willing host lined up should be no big deal. How much would you consider fair compensation, Anna?
>>
No. 679182 ID: 04900a

Hey Anna, do you want to be a superhero?
>>
No. 679212 ID: 066a87

>>679182
Hey Anna I've been thinking about the problem with how making your breasts huge hurts your back, and I think we could use that levitate spell on just your boobs. What do you think?
>>
No. 679272 ID: ad936f

>>679212
This... This is genius.

What if we used levitate in directions other than up? is that possible? if so, then we might be able to make Anna's body be able to wield a really high caliber gun, preferably with consecrated (or the actually effective equivalent) bullets. Or we could detach Anna's hand and give her a projectile fist! Wait no, that sounds creepy.
>>
No. 679279 ID: fbc59e

>rocket fist
Sounds to me more like a use of modify host to me, personally.
But yeah! LOTS of fun we could have...
Part of me wonders. If we used modify host, to make the body grow out a large bone...What would happen when the duration ended?
Would it vanish? Or could we actually make things with it? Things like a sword for Lo?
>>
No. 679710 ID: 67d5dc

Could we not discuss the modification and dismemberment of a body that we're borrowing, and need to return in pristine condition? Heck,
>>
No. 679877 ID: 3bc92d
File 144605848707.png - (410.05KB , 800x600 , pq40.png )
679877

>creepy you like us shit
>Wait, where did that come from. Not only is it a dumb approach, I don't think we even suggested that.

Secondary Spirit Activity: On.

Details: While active, a number of otherwise near-mindless Secondary Spirits will elaborate and expand upon the actions and speech dictated by the more powerful Free Spirits inside the Host. The Secondary Spirits will attempt to string the multiple attempted activities of the Primary Free Spirits into a more cohesive whole, based on the Primary Free Spirits’ previously established mannerisms. While inactive, no actions will be taken without the direct input of the Primary Free Spirits inside the Host, generally causing the Host’s behavior to appear vastly more inhuman and unsettling to outsiders.

Secondary Spirit Activity can be turned on or off at any time.

Would you like to turn Secondary Spirit Activity off?


“You're thinking of us like a guy with a gun, when we're more like a dog who didn't decide to be born with sharp teeth and no other way go grip things. And, yeah, like a dog, we've got no manners, and we smell bad, but we just want to be friends. Some rich asshole sorcerer locked us up in his house with nothing to do, then wandered off and died or something, so we got lonely, jumped without thinking when the door finally opened, and we're sorry.” The Host taps her foot in a frustrated way. “I mean, what would you have done, stuck in the wrong body, after trying to introduce yourself got taken as a joke?”

“I’d have been more clear about things, and I would have clarified that I wasn’t joking. As for the other stuff… I don’t know. I imagine it must be a strange and confusing experience to be what you are now, but…” Lo pauses for a moment, and then he shakes his head. “Whatever. That doesn’t change the fact that your existence here is actively harming Anna, and that you could seriously hurt her on the slightest whim.”

“Sure, we could kill Anna if we wanted, but so could you. Lo, why would we intentionally hurt Anna? As far as we know, we could pass on to the afterlife along with her if something happened to her body. Or worse. Much, much worse. We've no idea. While we're possessing her, we're the last thing to fear, in her case. We'd have to have a really good reason to want to kill her. In this moment we're about as much of a threat to her as you are. Also, I'd like to remind you that our existence proves that death isn't actually that bad. If you have any suggestions about what to do next, that don't involve banishing us to a hoary netherworld for all eternity, please, feel free to take the initiative.“

:hostannaspooked: “Can we change the topic to one that doesn’t involve phrases like ‘sure, we could kill Anna’ and ‘death isn’t actually that bad’? Please? (R)

“Sure, Anna. Sorry.” Lo sighs. “Okay, ghosts, if you really want my suggestion, then I suggest that we get the hell out of this house.”

“Nah. We still need to find out what we are and how we got here. Speaking of which… no murders, huh? How about disappearances? Old graveyards? Native burial grounds? Historical battlefields? It's not like you can just pop down to the local skeleton shop. Is there anywhere nearby that would have a morgue? Or any other sort of dead body repository?”

:hostannanormal: “Whoa, slow down and let me answer, already. I’m haven’t heard about any murders or disappearances except for the old guy who owned this place, and he died of natural causes. I think that there’s a graveyard around here, but it’s pretty small. Oregon doesn’t really have any major historical battlefields, as far as I know. There are lots of hospitals in the city, and I assume a lot of morgues, too.” (R)

“There are a few Native American burial grounds around here, though.” Lo speaks up. “I think they’re mostly Shoshone and Paiute.”

“Interesting. Say, where are we, anyway? What's the nearest large settlement? Nearest city? I hope we’re in America. Are we in Florida?”

“Florida? No. We are in the United States, though. We’re on the outskirts of the city Salem, in Oregon.”

>Hey Anna I've been thinking about the problem with how making your breasts huge hurts your back, and I think we could use that levitate spell on just your boobs. What do you think?

:hostannasarcastic: “…I really, really, really hope that you’re joking.”

"Hey, Lo, Anna, what kind of reward do you guys want for helping us?"

“…Reward?” Lo raises an eyebrow. “I just want Anna to be okay when we walk away from all of this.”

:hostannathinking: “What sort of reward did you have in mind?” (R)

“Anna, do you want to be a superhero? Even if you have to give up direct control of your body, you basically have a diplomatic influence on a being with superpowers, right? Even if you don't have direct influence. So it's kinda like having superpowers? Try to look at it in that light.”

:hostannasarcastic: “Tempting offer, but I think I’d still prefer having my body back. I mean, your ghost powers are impressive, don’t get me wrong, but… what’s the point of having superpowers if I can’t use them?” (R)
>>
No. 679880 ID: 3bc92d
File 144605864759.png - (500.96KB , 800x600 , pq41.png )
679880

“How about money, then? A few hundred dollars an hour until we get a properly-willing host lined up should be no big deal.”

"Wait, what?" Lo blinks. “You have money?

“We can get money. How much would you consider fair compensation, Anna?”

:hostannathinking: “…Huh. This idea actually sounds pretty nice, provided that you stay true to your word and actually leave my body. How about three hundred and fifty dollars per hour, counting from the moment that I first walked through the front door?” (R)

“That might work. Give us a bit of time to think it over. For now, let’s decide where we’re going to explore first.” The Host examines her surroundings. “..is it just me, or did the area past the stairs change? Like, completely? There was a dresser up there with something on it, and two doors on the left wall.”

“The architecture is changing?” Lo’s eyes widen. “Oh shit.

“Eh, it’s probably nothing, Lo. Say, why don’t you get to work on deciphering the markings on that door over there?”

Still looking nervous, Lo goes over to examine the symbols. He returns pretty quickly, sounding oddly annoyed. “I recognize a few glyphs, but I’m pretty sure that the whole thing is just nonsense. As far as I can tell, the symbols are wildly inconsistent and meaningless. There were some Norse runes, some alchemical symbols, some ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics… There’s no pattern to them, or at least not any pattern that I can figure out.”

“Huh. Well, thanks for trying, at least.” The Host thinks for a moment. “Say, how about we go through the door with the ominous red liquid seeping out from underneath it?”

“What?! No! That’s a terrible plan!”

:hostannanormal: “Yeah, I’m with Lo on this one. That door seems sketchy as fuck.” (R)

“Let’s do it!” The Host strides forward and opens the door.

The room behind the door appears to be some sort of pantry, but the shelves are all empty, the tile floor is near-completely covered by red liquid, and there’s an intense metallic taste in the air.

A twisted, hooded figure is leaning forward against the far wall, facing away from the door. As the Host watches, the figure paints familiar-looking patterns of circles, symbols, and lines, using the red liquid as ink. The figure's motions are sudden but precise, like those of a machine.
>>
No. 679881 ID: 3bc92d
File 144605879088.png - (577.59KB , 800x600 , pq42.png )
679881

Lo shivers nervously at the sight of the figure. When he speaks, he does so in the form of frightened whispers. “…can we just close this door? We don’t really need to go into this room, do we? Let’s just close the door and walk away and never look back and never speak of this room ever again, okay? That’s my plan. Can we go with my plan?

:hostannaspooked: “I like Lo’s plan. We should go with Lo’s plan.” (R)

The hooded figure immediately stops painting, still mid-stroke. The figure slowly turns its head, looking at the Host.
>>
No. 679884 ID: 0ed6e9

...slowly close the door. then find something to block said door.
>>
No. 679885 ID: 5ad4a7

>>679881
I like Lo's plan too.
>>
No. 679887 ID: f2461f

Say hello and if they start coming at us without responding close the door.
>>
No. 679889 ID: 9a7fd8

>>679885
Not to like. Just be a Yes Man. But. Uh.
>>
No. 679891 ID: fbc59e

Hrm.
>Secondary spirits: Do not turn off.

>Creepy thing.
Let's...just...back away slowly and close the door and leave that thing to it's writing.
I'm sure it's no good but we don't know enough to really know what it's doing.
So, let's review.
Skeleton gaurding runes in the kitchen. A writing wraith in the pantry, I wonder what's behind door number three?
As for why we keep exploring...Let's put it this way. If we don't find another host, or a way to go back to wherever we were, the best we can do is just jump to something else, because there's no garuntee, as far as we know, that we can simply expend our control and go back.
>>
No. 679892 ID: 2a7417

Keep secondary spirits on, not worth the hassle. What if we forget to breathe, or keep Anna's heart beating?
This is the part where we run as far away as we can.
>>
No. 679897 ID: 16e339

Let's make an apologetic face and just close the door. Then, let's follow Lo's first plan. The one about going away.

After that, let's find someone infinitely braver than us to deal with this unholy mess.
>>
No. 679898 ID: 88e46e

>>679892
Do we actually need to do that?

And I'm not certain that's blood, given that it doesn't retain that color for long, but... let's not risk it.
>>
No. 679907 ID: 12b273

>Would you like to turn Secondary Spirit Activity off?
No, they can stay on. If they're shaped by things we establish, our backlash should already have served as negative reinforcement away from that particular angle.

>This idea actually sounds pretty nice, provided that you stay true to your word and actually leave my body. How about three hundred and fifty dollars per hour, counting from the moment that I first walked through the front door?
We are unequivocally keeping our word. The only real question is if we go poof at the end of this day's adventures, or if we need to find a coma patient or some terrible person who actually deserves it to jump into. Or someone with a mental illness who could actually benefit from taking back control of their life for them.

If we stick around, we'll make it up to you. Least we can do.

>>679881
Using automated undead to keep inscribing runes for you? That's kind of clever.

Keep very quiet and see if it backs off.

I say we call it Rune-writer.
>>
No. 679920 ID: 066a87

>>679881
"Hi Barry! It's us! We still owe you ten bucks, right? We'll get right on that. Excuse us. Need to go visit a bank."
>>
No. 679945 ID: 39f669

Wave cheerily.
And then if they're hostile, y'know, GTFO.
>>
No. 679950 ID: 2ccbb3

>>679877
Turn this off; we're a collective, not a legion.

*Private*
And after that group of hackers in Sami's Quest, any possibility of loss of control to the enemy is not preferable.
*/Private*

>>679881
I think that guy is the "programming wizard" of the house. Close the door slowly and barricade it, but I'm pretty sure that's the equivalent of a few feet thick of plywood. Try to negotiate when you have more intel on this guy

because if we piss him off he'll probably turn the whole house into a deathtrap game.
>>
No. 679954 ID: 5ad4a7

>Secondary spirits
Do not turn off.
>>
No. 679988 ID: ad936f

>>679877
>Can we change the topic to one that doesn’t involve phrases like ‘sure, we could kill Anna’ and ‘death isn’t actually that bad’? Please?
Ugh. You're missing the point, we aren't going to kill you for the same reasons your boss, or your dad, or Lo aren't going to kill you for. People don't just do that sort of thing, even dead people. If you gave us some extreme imperative, we might be forced to take hostile action against you, but, given the way things have been going, something drastic would have to change for that to happen.

>>679881
As for this guy, I think that we should just act like we're supposed to be here, because we are. Until he actually shows signs of hostility towards us we shouldn't enter fight-or-flight mode.
"Ay yo what up! What 'chu drawing there? That magic?"

Secondary Spirit Activity; we might try turning this off later just so these folks can get a better idea of what we're really like, but for now it'd just make communication and basic human functionality harder.
>>
No. 680112 ID: a107fd

Close the door and walk away. Do NOT mess with the painter-thing. Do not attempt to speak to the painter-thing. Do not taunt happy fun ball.

I mean, the skeleton was just sitting there guarding the candles. It didn't move without specific provocation, and didn't have a hooked knife for one hand. Both of the living people here are saying we should go, and I agree. Lot of potential for unlocking further spirit powers, but the flipside of that is unknown risks that we shouldn't be dragging unwilling innocents into. We can simply come back later, with a better team, specialized tools, and a real plan. The house isn't going anywhere, or if it is, I'd rather not go with it just yet.

Apologize to Anna and Lo for creepy behavior, announce intention to switch from 'autocomplete mode' to 'micromanage mode' in order to 'see if it helps,' then simultaneously switch off secondary spirits and Emulate Host.

While secondary spirits are off, remember to continue breathing. Blink at appropriate intervals to maintain cornea hydration and/or remove debris. Remain standing upright unless otherwise specified. Turn eyes, head, and then upper body toward subjects of attention, while remaining within the natural safe range of motion of relevant joints. If possible, delegate what would otherwise be secondary-spirit functions to Anna.

$350 an hour seems eminently reasonable, considering the circumstances. Let's leave this horrible place, find a lawyer to hammer out the details, put that deal in writing, and then start calling around to skeptic organizations with standing prizes for provable supernatural power, or exploring other money-making schemes.
>>
No. 680114 ID: ad936f

>>680112
If we aren't going to talk to the writer, then I like this plan.
>>
No. 680128 ID: 066a87

>>680112
We don't need no stinkin' lawyers. We're going to be making the money illegally anyway with stock manipulation.
>>
No. 680153 ID: ad936f

>>680128
First we pull off the big con then we go public and collect magic money.
>>
No. 680314 ID: a107fd

>>680128
Anyone who has seen the Breaking Bad episode "Better Call Saul" would know that big-money crime simply changes what flavor of stinkin' lawyer you need.

I can see the appeal of going for stock fraud right off the bat, but it's risky, short and long term. Once our abilities become public knowledge, past events will be re-examined and the truth will out. If we go to a lawyer first, then get the $50,000 from CSICOP as step two, there will be a massive media response. Some companies will put their due-diligence people to work figuring out countermeasures, others will deny the risk. Then, keep track of who's who, and only exploit the latter. Victims won't even cooperate with a third party investigator, because it would mean admitting they were wrong.
>>
No. 682573 ID: 04900a

I wonder if it's possible to allow the host independent action whilst still possessing them? Can we give her as much control as one of the voices of the many, at least?
>>
No. 689019 ID: 3bc92d
File 145023464165.png - (468.74KB , 800x600 , pq43.png )
689019

Lo anxiously backs away from the door.

The Host keeps standing in the doorway. “Hold on, we’re going to try saying hello.”

:hostannaspooked: What?! Are you kidding me?! Fuck, if you are joking, then your sense of humor is as dead as you are! That’s a straight-up monster in there, ready to rip us into bloody chunks!”

“Hey, who knows, really? It’s intimidating, sure, but it might not be hostile. Don’t go judging a book by its cover, Anna. I mean, just look at us.

:hostannasarcastic: ”Gosh, maybe you’re right! Maybe I should look at you! Oh, wait, I can’t, because I have no control over my eyes, or any other non-hand part of my body, for that matter. Considering what you do to people, you pretty much are monsters.”

>we aren't going to kill you for the same reasons your boss, or your dad, or Lo aren't going to kill you for. People don't just do that sort of thing, even dead people.

:hostannaangry: “Oh really? So, you’re saying people don’t kill each other, but they do seize control over other people’s bodies? That’s a normal, totally reasonable thing, then? Besides, this is potentially worse than death, honestly, being trapped in my own body like this. I can only hope that you’re telling the truth about paying me.”

>We are unequivocally keeping our word. If we stick around, we'll make it up to you. Least we can do.
>$350 an hour seems eminently reasonable, considering the circumstances.

:hostannanormal: “Yeah, sure, whatever. I’ll believe it when I’ve got the money in my hands and my brain to myself. Until then, let’s get back to discussing the motherfucking nightmare monstrosity that we’re looking at. Please, please don’t-“

“Ayy!” The Host cheerily waves at the rune-writing figure. “What are you drawing, there? Is that magic?”

:hostannascream: “WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU EVEN DOING”
>>
No. 689022 ID: 3bc92d
File 145023482285.png - (534.93KB , 800x600 , pq44.png )
689022

The rune-writing figure turns around and starts slowly shuffling towards the Host. The figure's mouth suddenly falls open, and it begins speaking in a rumbling, monotone groan. “GOD IS DEAD.”
>>
No. 689023 ID: 3bc92d
File 145023492305.png - (432.88KB , 800x600 , pq45.png )
689023

>I like Lo's plan too.
>Let's leave this horrible place.
>This is the part where we run as far away as we can.

:hostannaangry: “Yeah, no shit, you dumbasses! Go on, hurry the fuck up and get me out of here!”

The Host quickly retreats and closes the door, bracing her back against it. “Lo, go kick open the front door! Someone infinitely braver than us can deal with this unholy mess. We’re leaving!

“What do you think I’ve been trying to do?!” Lo yells. “It’s gone!

“What are you talking about? What’s gone?”

“The front door! It’s not there anymore!”

:hostannaspooked: “Bullshit, Lo! Doors don’t just vanish! (R)

“Well, this one did!” Lo frantically gestures at the blank wall where the front door used to be.

The Host feels a sudden, immense amount of pressure pushing on the other side of the door. The Host strains to keep it closed. “Agh! Lo, help!”

Lo rushes over and joins the Host, throwing himself against the door, but it’s still not enough.

:hostannaspooked: “Shit! That’s not going to hold! We have to get the hell out of here!” (R)

“Hey, that’s just f… fine by me!” Lo hisses through his teeth, struggling to speak through his exertion. “But where, exactly, are we supposed to go?!
>>
No. 689026 ID: fbc59e

We go upstairs, find a bedroom. Assuming there's no further things within, I bet these will have orders 'not to disturb the master' that will render those rooms safe havens.
Plus, if need be we can levitate something heavy, drop it until it goes through the floor, and then use levitation to float down safely.
>>
No. 689027 ID: 0fc976

Otherworldly superpowers, remember? Modify Host to give extreme strength, while Lo drags as much as he can over here to barricade the door.
>>
No. 689028 ID: b82af6

Yeah, modify host to boost strength while a proper barricade is found.
>>
No. 689029 ID: 5ad4a7

Upstairs, climb out a window! Also, time to augment physical strength and speed!
>>
No. 689030 ID: ca183f

>>689022
Wait
Are you saying
That's
a philosophical zombie
>>
No. 689033 ID: 2ccbb3

You could break some runes, but that might make him angrier. Open a few doors and hide somewhere close to the top of the stairs.
>>
No. 689035 ID: 60ee49

If there's a window in sight, we grab Lo in our arms and we fortify Anna's bones through Modify and jump through it.

This is the only sane thing I can come up with in such an insane situation.
>>
No. 689036 ID: 86cfc3

>That’s a normal, totally reasonable thing, then?
No, it's a desperate, in extremis thing to do. We're rather not, if we could find an alternative.

And as the dead, please don't tell us what's worse than death. You've lost control of your body temporarily. We've lost control of ours forever. When we step out, and next stop moving and screaming such that no one can hear us, it won't end.

>where go
Upstairs? We can push stuff down to barricade it, search for a window.
>>
No. 689040 ID: a107fd

Augment physical strength, mutate the hand we're still in control of to an axe-blade or something, attack the wall where the front door used to be. Shout "Stop it, wall! Stop not being a door!"

Running upstairs is not going to be helpful.
>>
No. 689044 ID: 86cfc3

>>689040
Assuming the house is sealed by magic, I doubt trying to brute force the wall will be helpful either.

The real solution is to find the rune or runes causing the effect and deal with them, somehow. Running is just a stalling tactic to get away from the Nietzsche enamored wall-vandal.
>>
No. 689059 ID: 3bc92d
File 145024733905.png - (457.82KB , 800x600 , pq46.png )
689059

“A window!” The Host yells. “We can leave through a window!”

“I don’t remember seeing any windows.” Lo groans, sweating from the effort of holding back the door.

“Upstairs, then. We can run.”

“What if it chases us?” Lo pants. “Look I… I think I have an idea.”

“Yeah? What is it?”

“I…” Lo sighs, doing his best to stand upright. “I can stay behind, and try to hold that thing off. You’ll have more - more time. You’ll be able to find a way out.”

:hostannaangry: “What?! Lo, don’t be stupid!”

“Sorry, Anna. I know you would never leave me if you were in control, but… you’re not in control.” Lo nods to the Host. “Get her out of here. Keep her safe.”

The Host slowly moves away from the door.

:hostannasad: “Fuck! No! No, don’t do this! Don’t make me walk away! Don’t leave him! Please! Please!

Various parts of the Host’s body start twitching and tensing in protest.

Emotional Spike - Sorrow. Host Spirit has lost all Control.

Control: 100%


The Host relaxes.

“Thank you.” Lo nods to the Host. “Go on, then. What are you waiting for?”

:hostannasad: ”Oh god, no. No, please, I’m begging you…”

The Host puts a hand on Lo’s shoulder. “Move away from the door, Lo.”

“What?! No way!” Lo furrows his brow. “I already told you, I’ll do my best to buy you time, but you have to get out of here, so hurry up and run! Go!
>>
No. 689063 ID: 3bc92d
File 145024749626.png - (488.48KB , 800x600 , pq47.png )
689063

Activated Spirit Command!

Modify Host - Mass.

Activated Spirit Command!

Modify Host - Muscle.

Control: 80%


:hostannaspooked: “Huh? What was that? Why do I feel so…? Wait, what the hell did you just do to me?!”

The Host gently lifts Lo off his feet and moves him away from the door.

“…Oh my god, what?!” Lo stares at the modified Host. Lo’s eyes widen, and his jaw drops. “Holy shit! What the fuck?!

The Host places her hands on the door, near-effortlessly holding it closed. The Host flashes a smile at the still-shocked Lo. “I know, I know, we’re the best, but, hey, can you tear your gaze away long enough for you to find something to help us barricade this door?”

:hostannahappy: “Wait, are those my hands? Damn! I feel like I could lift… well, anything! Okay, wow, I still wish that you’d given me some sort of warning, but this? This is awesome! (R)

“I, uh…” Lo opens and closes his mouth several times. “Okay. I will do that, then. Barricade. Yes.”

“You haven’t moved.” The Host sighs. “Come on, Lo, hurry up! This isn’t permanent, and the clock’s ticking!”

“Ah!” Lo blinks. “Right! Okay, I’ll just go and-“
>>
No. 689064 ID: 3bc92d
File 145024755297.png - (502.44KB , 800x600 , pq48.png )
689064

Thunk.



:hostannaprescream:
>>
No. 689067 ID: 3663d3

grab door and twist, pull blade with it. punch foe in face.
>>
No. 689068 ID: 86cfc3

>Okay, wow, I still wish that you’d given me some sort of warning, but this? This is awesome!
Hey, we did mention the superpowers, earlier.

>>689064
Smack! What the claw down, nail it into the door.

It's a lot easier to wind up and punch through something that to try and pull free from being stuck, especially from the wrong side.
>>
No. 689069 ID: 5ad4a7

>>689064
Retreat to the kitchen, get a knife or anything really to fight back.
>>
No. 689073 ID: a107fd

Possess the p-zombie. If it works, end of threat, gratitude from Anna, good times all around, and on the science front we get to find out whether host enhancements follow us or linger behind.

Even if it doesn't work, we learn something about possession mechanics, and in a combat scene there's not going to be any shortage of emotional spikes by which to recharge.
>>
No. 689075 ID: b5b419

>>689064
Kick the door in and crush the monster on the other side.
>>
No. 689085 ID: cf3d00

Quick, grab the hook and see if you can pull it off or get that things arm stuck in the door. Then we can run like hell.
>>
No. 689086 ID: fb041a

Hang on, could you make the host become more huge, and just open the door and grab the zombie while his hook's stuck in the door?
>>
No. 689091 ID: 0fc976

Grab hook, Hulk smash. But if meatbag still moving after that, then Hulk tactical retreat!
>>
No. 689104 ID: ad936f

"LO, FUCKING MOVE!"

That's the problem with hooks isn't it? In order to get the sharp bit into your enemies you have to get the smooth grabbable bit past them first.
>>
No. 689118 ID: 60ee49

Let's try hardening the host's skin into leather and disarming the monster.
>>
No. 689135 ID: ca183f

That hook appears sharp on both sides. I would not recommend touching without doing like steel skin or something first.
>>
No. 689160 ID: 2a7417

>>689118
>>689135
Let's not use up any more control than we have to. We can add regeneration later if we get hurt enough to need it.
>>
No. 689217 ID: 9cf634

I like pulling the door to us then punching the writer zombie away, potentially repeatedly if we have to.
>>
No. 689502 ID: de269b

Respond: "YOU ARE ALREADY DEAD."
Flurry of Punches!
>>
No. 689505 ID: 5ea852

>>689502
Well, duh. I don't think anyone can be alive without the front half of their face AND out of a hospital.
>>
No. 689507 ID: 2ccbb3

>>689063
I am so very worried that you have a desire to be as manly as humanly possible. But who cares.

Stoneskin hands, grab hook, PULL. Punch the rune designer in the face. Repeatedly. Lo, please steal as much stuff as you can from the designer. Parley.
>>
No. 750735 ID: a606da
File 147541457727.png - (484.04KB , 800x600 , pq49.png )
750735

>Possess the p-zombie.

Error. Target is warded.

>Hang on, could you make the host become more huge, and just open the door and grab the zombie while his hook's stuck in the door?
>Let's try hardening the host's skin into leather and disarming the monster.
>steel skin
>We can add regeneration later if we get hurt enough to need it.
>Stoneskin hands

Warning! The Host is currently nearing maximum Stress Capacity. Further modification may cause permanent damage.

Would you like to learn more about Stress Capacity?

>I am so very worried that you have a desire to be as manly as humanly possible. But who cares.

:hostannasarcastic:”Hey, it’s not manly to want to be a sick badass. I admit, suddenly having a six-pack is… surreal, but I feel like a walking tank! Being totally ripped is awesome, no matter what your gender is.”

>Smack! What the claw down, nail it into the door.
>Quick, grab the hook
>Grab hook

:hostannaangry:“Are you crazy?! If you try that, you’ll slice off my fingers!”

>That hook appears sharp on both sides. I would not recommend touching without doing like steel skin or something first.

:hostannanormal:“Yeah, what they said! Thank you, sane ghost.”

>I like pulling the door to us then punching the writer zombie away, potentially repeatedly if we have to.
>Kick the door in and crush the monster on the other side.
>Flurry of Punches!
>Hulk smash.

:hostannahappy:“Now this is a plan I can get behind.”

The Host punches through the door, then wrenches it aside, catching the hook in it.
>>
No. 750736 ID: a606da
File 147541469944.png - (439.47KB , 800x600 , pq50.png )
750736

As soon as the unknown entity is in view, the Host starts punching it over and over.

Under the pressure of the attacks, the soft skin of the entity’s face sloughs off in long strands, but it doesn’t react at all.

No matter how much damage it receives, the entity still calmly pulls its hook from the door and implacably advances.

“GOD SAID TO MAKE YOU INK.” It gurgles through the fleshy hole where its mouth used to be. “FOR THE GOD OF GODS BELOW.”
>>
No. 750737 ID: a606da
File 147541475677.png - (432.38KB , 800x600 , pq51.png )
750737

>run like hell.
>Retreat
>tactical retreat!

“Lo, fucking move!”

“I’m moving!” Lo runs for the stairs, and the Host quickly follows. “Moving moving moving oh god where are we going?!”

:hostannaspooked: “Anywhere that’s not here!” (R)

“That’s not helpful, Anna!” Lo and the Host race through the hallway at the top of the stairs.

Duration expired! Spirit Command: Modify Host - Mass has been deactivated.

Duration expired! Spirit Command: Modify Host - Muscle has been deactivated.

A Spirit Command has been improved through usage! Modify Host’s Stress Capacity has been increased to 2.5. This will apply to all future activations of the ability.

Stress Control Cost: 10%

Control: 70%


“Oog.” The Host slows down, grabbing her stomach. “I don’t feel good. I’m not sure I can run for much longer.”

:hostannasarcastic:“Please don’t vomit using my mouth.”

“Are you serious?!” Lo skids to a halt outside of a random door, opening it. “Fine, get in here! It’s better than nothing!”
>>
No. 750739 ID: a606da
File 147541490086.png - (332.55KB , 800x600 , pq52.png )
750739

The Host and Lo scramble into the room, locking the door behind themselves.

“I didn’t see it chasing after us. It’s not out there right now, either.” Lo nervously peers out of the crack in the door. “ It was moving pretty slowly. Maybe we lost it?”

“Um, Lo…” The Host points.

“What?” Lo turns.

A boy with a camera in his hands is standing still, staring at the Host and Lo with complete surprise.

:hostannathinking:“Wait, what? This place is supposed to be abandoned.”

"Uh..." The boy coughs awkwardly. "...hi?"
>>
No. 750740 ID: b91f27

Okay, take a look around the room, then barricade the door with EVERYTHING.
>>
No. 750741 ID: a886eb

I would love to learn about Stress Control, please.

ALSO HI CAMERA STRANGER WE'RE BEING CHASED BY A ZOMBIE AAAAAAAH.
>>
No. 750742 ID: 71d443

This one is much easier to punch! PUNCH.
>>
No. 750744 ID: db0da2

He has a bit of white hair, is that partial possession or a really bright highlight? If he does anything suspicious we tackle him.

"Hello boy, what are you doing here?"

Search the room.
>>
No. 750752 ID: a606da
File 147542408371.png - (465.95KB , 800x600 , pq53.png )
750752

>I would love to learn about Stress Control, please.

Stress Capacity is the measure of how many instances of a specific Spirt Command can be used at the same time. If Stress Capacity for a Spirit Command is reached, then a Stress Control Cost will be added to the normal Control Cost of the used Spirit Commands after said Spirit Commands expire.

If Stress Capacity is exceeded, the Host will begin to suffer permanent damage such as skeletal deformation, dementia, mood swings, bursting skin, blindness, blood poisoning, hair loss, erectile dysfunction, and/or other similar side effects.

Would you like to see the current list of known Spirit Commands and their associated Stress Capacities?


>He has a bit of white hair, is that partial possession or a really bright highlight?

:hostannasarcastic: “How am I supposed to know? I don’t have ghost-sense. If I did, I never would have come to this house. To me, it just looks like the guy dyes his hair.”

>Search the room.

It appears to be a small personal office, as there is a heavy desk sitting in one corner. On top of the desk is a strange-looking purple book and various scattered papers.

>Okay, take a look around the room, then barricade the door with EVERYTHING.

The Host grabs a chair and pulls it over to the door. When Lo realizes what the Host is trying to do, he quickly takes over building the barricade.

“Hey, I don’t mean to be nosy, but… what are you doing?” The stranger asks, watching.

“Hi, camera stranger!” The Host grabs the stranger by the shoulders, shaking him back and forth frantically. “WE’RE BEING CHASED BY A ZOMBIE AAAAAAH!

:hostannaspooked:”Whoa, hey, knock it off! He’s going to think I’m a psycho!”

“A zombie?!” The boy snaps to attention. He slips out of the Host's grip, then begins to search his backpack. He soon pulls out a binder and starts to flip through its many pages. “What kind is it? Traditional necromantic thrall, drug and/or disease induced living zombie, the more recently popular spontaneous revenant variety, or brain-dead hospital patient who is acting without explanation?”

:hostannathinking:”...Huh. That’s not exactly the reaction I was expecting.”
>>
No. 750754 ID: a606da
File 147542420808.png - (368.42KB , 800x600 , pq54.png )
750754

Who are you?” Lo pants, shoving a small chest of drawers up against the door. “You look kind of familiar.”

“I’m… hey, wait a second.” The boy peers at Lo. “Oh my gosh, Lorinda? Is that you?”

“Er…” Lo blinks. “It’s just ‘Lo’, nowadays. Do I know you?”

“Heck yeah! I sat behind you in Professor Hodgson’s Preliminary Paranormal Studies class!” The boy smiles, excited. “Come, on, don’t you remember? It’s me, Erin! Erin Lesper!”

“…oh!” Lo snaps his fingers. “Erin! Yeah, I remember you now. Uh, wow, how’ve you been?”

“I’m awesome! In fact…” Erin poses proudly, pointing at himself with his thumb. “As of last month, I’m an official paranormal investigator, demonologist, demon hunter, and junior exorcist!”

“Junior exorcist?” Lo glances at the Host. “Interesting.”

“What are you doing here?” The Host asks.

“I’m interning at Ryson & Ryson’s Supernatural Detection Agency! Their motto is ‘no haunting left behind’.” Erin grins. “I heard that this place was a hotbed of supernatural activity, so I came here and kinda sorta trespassed a teeny bit because I’m looking for a ghost or other paranormal entity to document and properly exorcise, so I can get my full certification!”

>If he does anything suspicious we tackle him.
>This one is much easier to punch! PUNCH.

“Hm.” The Host clenches her fists, fully prepared for punching.

“Ah, we haven’t been introduced!” Erin turns to the Host. “Sorry, I didn’t think to ask. Who are you? Oh, and while I’m asking questions, what are you two doing here? Are you investigators too?”
>>
No. 750755 ID: 3abd97

>Would you like to see the current list of known Spirit Commands and their associated Stress Capacities?
Please.

And please leave any and all warnings about damaging the host enabled, even after viewing the tutorial.

>>750736
Maybe next time (if there is one) we should aim for ripping out or dislodging the tubes instead of punching the face in.

>Wait, what? This place is supposed to be abandoned.
Well he might have been snooping the same as you. The camera would support that hypothesis. Although the lack of a car or anything left outside to show how he got here is worrisome.

>what do
Oh, oh, grab Lo around the shoulders, grin, pose, and ask the kid there to take a picture.

That'll nicely defuse the tension with absurdity.

>Sorry, I didn’t think to ask. Who are you? Oh, and while I’m asking questions, what are you two doing here?
I'm the Host. Don't exorcise me, bro. We're currently doing a ride along with Anna. Say hello!

These two were here to snoop around. I'm just trying to enjoy not being completely dead for a little bit until we can find a better alternative than hijacking someone who doesn't want it. (Leading alternatives: find a coma patient, hijack some asshole from prison who deserves it, hijack someone with a debilitating mental illness and help them control themselves for a normal life).

Immediately we're dealing with the problem that the exits disappeared and there's some kind of red ink tube monster zombie who wants to kill us. Well not me, I'm already dead, but you guys don't want to be dead. Trust us, it sucks.
>>
No. 750757 ID: 094652

Erin, we don't have time for this. I caved in the zombie's head with a heavy bludgeon and it just kept TALKING through the hollowed out, rotten hole where the face used to be! Just... look at the runes on the wall while we barricade the door, we figured out that they mean something.
>>
No. 750760 ID: 16bb01

>>750752
>what kind of zombie
Creepy no face armored kind that wants to use our blood as ink. We think anyway. Not finding out for sure for obvious reasons.

>who you
Let's not mention the possession thing yet? I don't really think Erin would be dangerous to us (although he is an exorcist so maybe) but we need to get farther from the writer zombie before we trigger his inevitable freakout.
>>
No. 750763 ID: 71d443

>>750760
Well, it used to have a face. Urge to punch, rising...

It's the 'mindless servant to the dark gods kind. 'Hwee will kill you for Chaossss' and all that. I hope you brought silver bullets.
>>
No. 750764 ID: 16bb01

>>750755
And by "leave warnings" we mean "do not do anything that might permanently damage the host without our explicit approval". and by "our" I think I mean "whoever is hosting us's".
>>
No. 750766 ID: db0da2

"I'm COUGHpossessingCOUGH Anna. I guess you already know Lo. We're just having a look around here because we thought there might be cool supernatural goodies or something."

"What's up with your hair?" Keep it vague so that if he has no idea what we're talking about we can play it off easily.

Describe the writer and ask him about his camera, is it mundane or do we have some Fatal Frame junk going on over here?
>>
No. 750772 ID: 4e9864

>>750764
Seconding this. Unless the host is in imminent danger of death, we wouldn't even consider it, but that's still the host's choice to make, not ours.
>>
No. 750773 ID: 4e9864

>>750754
Let Anna feel our genuine fear at running into an exorcist. Hope she has a little bit of empathy for us.
>>
No. 750776 ID: 91ee5f

>>750754
>“Junior exorcist?” Lo glances at the Host. “Interesting.”
Pull Lo to the side and whisper to him, "I saw that and don't you dare tell him to exorcise us! I'm helping you guys and remember, if it wasn't for me both you and Anna wouldn't have gotten away from that thing in the hallway! So, please trust me and let me help you guys."

After we do that, we should take a look at the symbols on the wall and the ceiling.
>>
No. 750799 ID: 398fe1

>>750752
Blue symbol on the ceiling. Maybe a ward? Also one of the books at the piano looks especially interesting, let's read it.
>>
No. 750811 ID: ba506f

>Who are you?
Anna and friends. As for why we're here, well it more or less started off as a game of chicken... annnnnd through a series of events that most recently ended with us running away a hook welding zombie after seeing it's face fall off, we're here.

As for what we're going to do now, well short term is sit down somewhere and catch our breath. Long term is pending but probably involves leaving at some point.

Also what's with the blue triangles.
>>
No. 750815 ID: d44bd8

So this kid's got himself some Practical Knowledge. I like the picture thing-I wanna see how he reacts to us, and best to get that freak out done now rather than later.
>>
No. 750816 ID: ba506f

also that purple book behind you has a red glow to it.
>>
No. 750828 ID: 595d54

>>750773
What fear? There's literally nothing he can do to us, especially since he's not even the real thing yet. Worst he can do is make it harder for us to connect to Anna and Lo for a while.

Check on the book, ask about the glowing blue thing, and tell him about the inverted Kabbalah air hexagram we found, and the zombie we found who wanted "ink" for God. Impressive that he got blood to stay bright red for that long, really.
>>
No. 750829 ID: db0da2

>>750773
>>750776
I'm against both of these, we don't need to go groveling in fear at the first sign of a real danger to us. He's only a junior exorcist, he probably can't just exorcise a battalion of ghosts with a snap of his fingers, and I don't think Lo is actually going to sell us out just yet.
>>
No. 750838 ID: a606da
File 147544915441.png - (358.24KB , 800x600 , pq55.png )
750838

List of known Spirit Commands and their associated Stress Capacities:

Modify Host - 10% Control Cost - 2.5 Stress Capacity
Levitation - 5% Control Cost - 1.0 Stress Capacity
Emulate Host - 1% Control Cost per hour - N/A
Possess Host - 75% Control Cost (50% if target is a willing host) - N/A


>please leave any and all warnings about damaging the host enabled
>Seconding this. Unless the host is in imminent danger of death, we wouldn't even consider it, but that's still the host's choice to make, not ours.
>do not do anything that might permanently damage the host without our explicit approval

Preference set.

>take a look at the symbols on the wall and the ceiling.
>what's with the blue triangles.
>Blue symbol on the ceiling. Maybe a ward?
>ask about the glowing blue thing

The red symbols on the wall are more or less indistinguishable from the others seen around the house, though these specific ones feature a great many crossed-out eyes, ankhs, and a few open mouths.

The blue symbol on the ceiling is near-identical to the symbol on the banister earlier, which, when touched, caused the acquisition of a new Spirit Command.

>Let Anna feel our genuine fear at running into an exorcist. Hope she has a little bit of empathy for us.

:hostannasarcastic:“Oh, the fear. It is crushing. Woe is me, for I am crushed.”

>one of the books at the piano looks especially interesting, let's read it.
>that purple book behind you has a red glow to it
>Check on the book

The Host reaches over and goes to pick up the book. The binding of the book is warm and moist, like greasy skin, and the pages of the book are gooey and stuck together. It would take some time to pry the book open without tearing it to pieces.

:hostannaspooked:“Ugh, this thing is disgusting! Stop making me touch it!”

"I'm COUGHpossessingCOUGH Anna. I guess you already know Lo. We're just having a look around here because we thought there might be cool supernatural goodies or something."

“Ah, my kind of people!” Erin laughs. “So, let’s get back to this zombie you were talking about! What kind is it?”

“Creepy no face armored kind that wants to use our blood as ink. We think anyway. Not finding out for sure for obvious reasons.” The Host shrugs. “Well, it used to have a face, but I caved in the zombie’s head with, er, a heavy bludgeon. It also seemed to be the ‘mindless servant to the dark gods’ kind. I hope you brought silver bullets.”

“I sure did! I didn’t bring a gun, though, but getting one is on my to-do list!” Erin beams. “I also brought garlic, cold iron, horseshoes, lots of crosses and stars of David and tiny cow figurines to cover my bases on religious symbols. I have a bag of trail mix, too, if you want some.”

“Is that a normal camera, or is it magic?”

“It’s an awesome camera!” Erin holds it up happily. “Do you like it? It was a birthday present from my mom. It’s not supernatural or anything, though.”

“What’s up with your hair?” The Host points at Erin’s bangs.

“Hair?” Erin tilts his head, confused.

“Your bangs, there.”

“What about them?” Erin reaches up, pulling down a few strands of hair. “Huh. That is kind of weir- gkh!

Erin’s head jerks back, he shivers for a second, and then he straightens himself. He frowns, and his eyes droop slightly. “I don’t mean to be rude, but could you please shut up? I mean, I didn’t tell him about you, did I?”
>>
No. 750839 ID: 3abd97

>“I don’t mean to be rude, but could you please shut up? I mean, I didn’t tell him about you, did I?”
They already know about me. Hello, I'm the host! Well, we are. A host of ghosts. Possessing a host. Who's hosting us.

I already promised we're going to pay her back for the time she's stuck with us borrowing her body.

So did you get the better of the exorcist, or are you some kind of guiding spirit thing?
>>
No. 750847 ID: ba506f

>I didn’t tell him about you, did I?
eh sorry, but truth be told, both he (point towards Lo) and "me" (point at self) already know about my condition so honestly one more wouldn't really do much. So since you're here what's wrong with this book (point towards creepy book) and what do you know about the blood ink zombie hooker guy?

Also do we have enough things to stack to reach the blue symbol or are we going to have to levitate ourselves to get at it?
>>
No. 750848 ID: 91ee5f

>>750838
>The blue symbol on the ceiling is near-identical to the symbol on the banister earlier, which, when touched, caused the acquisition of a new Spirit Command.
Ok, let's look for something to stand on and touch it.

>“I don’t mean to be rude, but could you please shut up? I mean, I didn’t tell him about you, did I?”
To be honest, the next question was going to be if it was a fashion statement or something. You pretty much gave yourself away there.

.....wait, where's Lo? He better not be reaching for the exorcist stuff. If he uses the wrong thing to try and force us out of Anna, there's a chance that he could end up forcing her out as well! Or he could end up forcing Anna out and leaving us with the body! Or he could end up permanently binding us to Anna and she'll never be able to get rid of us!
>>
No. 750851 ID: 595d54

"Honestly it'd be redundant, we're no good at subtle possession. But alright, know what this book is instead?"
>>
No. 750855 ID: 595d54

Also, if we can get the guy's attention off of us, we could levitate ourselves up to the new spirit command without messing with whatever the other ghost has got going.
>>
No. 750859 ID: db0da2

"Don't worry, I wasn't going to tell him if he didn't already know, I was just curious is all. So what's your deal?"

This guy is dork, we give our host rad spooky white eyes while he makes his look high, what a goof.

>“Ugh, this thing is disgusting! Stop making me touch it!”
Ok. [don't stop]
>>
No. 750862 ID: 595d54

>>750859
Eh, poking random freaky shit probably isn't worth it unless we know it gives us cool benefits like the glowy blue thing.
>>
No. 750872 ID: 398fe1

>>750838
Touch the blue thing since it gave us an ability before.
>>
No. 750883 ID: 86cf98

Exorcist boy wonder over here has a camera... If he takes a picture of us at all he will find out. We might as well bring him up to speed as soon as possible so he doesn't send us back to an eternity of nothingness. Also fuck we've got another Possessed to deal with. He might take control of Lo cause hes the only one not housing a ghost right now. I wonder if we can stop that from happening. Sure its a dick move when we possess people, but at least we plan on leaving. This guy might be the kind of guy to turn off a host's consciousness seeing as he wants the kid oblivious to the whole possession thing.
>>
No. 750896 ID: a107fd

>>750848
>Ok, let's look for something to stand on and touch it.
This should mesh neatly with barricading the door.
>>
No. 750899 ID: 213ff6

>>750838
Welp, We're kinda new to the whole ghost thing, so we kinda assumed it could just be a co-incidence... (Just noticed this was back, Yiss, I was getting into this quest before it kinda...idled?)
>>
No. 750901 ID: 094652

Whatever.

Work together and poke the blue rune on the ceiling.
>>
No. 750903 ID: 398fe1

>>750896
We could just get a boost from either one of the other people here.
>>
No. 750909 ID: 71d443

>>750838
Might want to shut his ears off while we're together then, we're a bunch of bleeding heart idiot spirits who willingly blew our cover to Lo. There's no telling what bad decisions we'll make in the name of 'being nice.'
So, how are you and what are you still doing inside the house?
>>
No. 750986 ID: a606da
File 147553801546.png - (469.41KB , 800x600 , pq56.png )
750986

>.....wait, where's Lo? He better not be reaching for the exorcist stuff.

The Host looks over. Lo is searching Erin’s backpack. He immediately stops, looking guilty.

“Quit it, Lo.” The Host shakes her head. “If you use the wrong thing to try and force us out of Anna, there's a chance that you could end up forcing her out as well, or you could end up forcing Anna out and leaving us with the body, or you could end up permanently binding us to Anna and she'll never be able to get rid of us...”

:hostannaspooked: “H-hey, can you please stop listing horrible possibilites? I’m already stressed out. Anyway, Lo, you heard them; Knock it off! Remember that halloween where you panicked and threw that ouija board out the window? You don’t know the first thing about exorcising!” (R)

“Sorry. I was just trying to help you get your body back.” Lo sulks. “You don’t need to be mean about it.”

“Huh.” Not-Erin raises an eyebrow. “Interesting group dynamic you’ve got going, there.”

“Sorry, but truth be told, both he…“ The Host points to Lo, then at herself. “…and ‘me’ know about us. We’re no good at subtle possession.”

“Good for you.” Not-Erin sniffs. “That doesn’t mean you have free rein to ruin it for the rest of us.”

“To be honest, the next question was going to be if it was a fashion statement or something. You pretty much gave yourself away, there.” The Host shrugs. “We’re kinda new to the whole ghost thing, so we assumed it could just be a coincidence.”

“Are you kidding?” Not-Erin groans. “This is absolutely obvious possession-hair! Do you know how much effort it takes to keep him from noticing stuff like that? Thanks to you, he was half a second away from realizing something was up!”

“I was just curious, is all. By the way, hello! I’m the host. Well, we are. A host of ghosts. Possessing a host.”

:hostannasarcastic: Wow. How long have you been saving that gem?” (Not Repeated)

“So, how are you?” The Host continues. “What are you still doing in the house?”

“Still? Erin and I just got here.”

“What?” The Host tilts her head. “What’s your deal, then? Did you get the better of the exorcist, or are you some kind of guiding spirit or something?”

“Heck if I know.” Not-Erin sighs. “After a fair few decades of being dead and buried, I suddenly woke up in Erin. I’ve been in his head for years, now.”

“Seriously?” Lo furrows his brow. “So you’ve basically been a voyeur in his brain?! That’s so messed up! Get out of him, already!”

“Gosh, but aren’t you judgmental? It’s not like I wanted to stick around.” Not-Erin starts pacing unhappily around the room. “I’m stuck. I’ve tried lots of things; psychics, ‘mystical’ medicines, historical spells, séances, even hired a couple of shamans. Nothing works. Funny enough, though, I’m pretty sure Erin started to get subconsciously inspired by it all. Now he’s a budding young exorcist. Hooray.”
>>
No. 750989 ID: a606da
File 147553831814.png - (453.77KB , 800x600 , pq57.png )
750989

:hostannanormal: “That still doesn’t explain why you’re keeping yourself hidden. Even our weirdos are better than that.” (R)

“I admit, at first, it was just for the sake of convenience. Despite what you may think, I’ve been nothing but a proper lady with his body. I usually only borrow it after he’s gone to sleep.” Not-Erin sits on the desk, absently moving aside a few scrawl-covered papers to make room. “It would have been a little awkward to explain to Erin how I regularly take him out on the town in a dress, make-up, and heels. Mind you, he pulls it off nicely. I wear him well.”

:hostannathinking: “…Is it weird that I kind of want to see him all made up, now?” (R)

Yes!” Lo snaps, slapping a hand to his forehead. “This is all… it’s just… gah, I don’t even know what to say!

“Anyway, nowadays, keeping myself secret is more of a survival thing.” Not-Erin works on keeping her bangs out of her face. “I don’t know what the whole exorcism shtick will do to me, if it works. All the other methods I tried were supposed to pull me out of him without hurting me, but his stuff is supposed to be a bit more, um, harsh.

“Since you’re here, can you tell us what’s wrong with this book?” The Host holds up the moist purple book.

:hostannanormal: “Yuck. This thing feels like sweaty yogurt. The first chance we get, you are washing my hands, got it?”

“Yeah, I know what’s wrong with it.” Not-Erin curls her lip, recoiling slightly. “It’s really gross.

“Do you know what this book is? Oh, also, what do you know about the blood ink zombie hooker guy?”

“Nope and nothing, respectively. Like I said before, Erin and I only just got here.”
>>
No. 750990 ID: a606da
File 147553837777.png - (444.07KB , 800x600 , pq58.png )
750990

>poking random freaky shit probably isn't worth it unless we know it gives us cool benefits like the glowy blue thing.
>Touch the blue thing since it gave us an ability before.
>Ok, let's look for something to stand on and touch it.
>This should mesh neatly with barricading the door.

The Host starts to climb up on the barricade.

“Hey, what do you think you’re doing?!” Lo rushes forward and pulls the Host back. “Don’t mess up the barricade! That monster is still out there.”

“We’re trying to reach the glowy blue thing on the ceiling.” The Host points.

“What glowy blue thing?” Lo squints, staring directly up at the symbol.

:hostannanormal:“Yeah, I don’t know what you guys are talking about.” (R)

“Really?” Not-Erin points, too. “You’re looking right at it.”

>Work together and poke the blue rune on the ceiling.
>We could just get a boost from either one of the other people here.

“Can one of you give us a boost?” The Host yanks herself out of Lo’s grip. “We just need to touch it.”

“Don’t look at me.” Not-Erin shakes her head. “Erin’s a flimsy little string-bean. There’s no way I could support your weight.”

“Is this a joke?” Baffled, Lo’s gaze bounces between the Host and Not-Erin. “I’m telling you, there isn’t anything on the ceiling!”

>levitate ourselves to get at it?
>levitate ourselves up to the new spirit command

Activated Spirit Command!

Levitation - ‘Anna’.

Control: 64%


The Host slowly floats up into the air.

“Whoa!” Not-Erin gapes at the Host, awestruck. “How did you do that?!”

:hostannahappy:“Am I flying?! Dude, this is awesome!” (R)

The Host attempts to reach out and touch the blue symbol, but her arm won’t move.

“Oh.” The Host wobbles in the air. “Anna, we’ve lost the left arm, do you mind-?”

:hostannathinking:“Uh, sure, I guess I can try.” (R)

The Host moves her left arm up, running her hand randomly along the ceiling. Eventually, her finger lands on the glowing symbol.

A new Spirit Command has been learned!

Alter Perception: Subtly manipulate the attention of one visible subject. Can be used to make a subject either fixate on or overlook a specific detail in their surrounding environment. (Cannot be used to make a subject ignore something of which they are already aware.) Control Cost: 5%. Stress Capacity: 1.0


“Got it!”

Duration expired! Spirit Command: Levitation - ‘Anna’ has been deactivated.

A Spirit Command has been improved through usage! Levitation’s Stress Capacity has been increased to 1.5. This will apply to all future activations of the ability.


“Watch out!” Lo throws himself forward, barely managing to catch the Host as she falls out of the air. “Whew… you okay, Anna?”

:hostannathinking: “Yeah, I’m alright. Thanks, Lo.” (R)

Lo lets the Host go, and the Host immediately collapses on the floor. The Host tries to stand, but fails.

:hostannanormal: “Huh. I’ve got my right leg back. Psyched as I am to be able to do stuff, I’m not sure if we can walk around like this.” (R)

Warning! Primary Free Spirits are in danger of losing majority control.

Reminder: The simplest way to regain Control is to overpower the Host Spirit’s conscious thoughts by provoking an extreme emotional reaction.

>>
No. 750998 ID: 094652

> Warning: Elicit strong emotional reaction to regain control of host body
ENHANCE KNOCKERS.
>>
No. 751001 ID: ba506f

"so not Erin, how do you turn your control of your host on and off like that? I mean as far as we know the only way we can let someone take control of their body again is to move to a new host, so if there is a way for us to give someone else the wheel for a bit that might help."

>The simplest way to regain Control is to overpower the Host Spirit’s conscious thoughts by provoking an extreme emotional reaction
so what are the other ways to do this? But going with the easiest way let's see if we can't provoke some anger/embarrassment

"Also speaking of not Erin... can we get a name from you if you don't mind for conversation sake? Anyways speaking of her, she gave me an idea. Anna, say things happen and we're forced to stick with you for a long while. How'd would you feel about moonlighting as a super modal? I mean with our ability to change your looks, and our new power to have people gloss over things and ignore them, we could own those runways and nobody will ever even know it was you. Besides you're naturally pretty as things are so we wouldn't even have to change that much so you could get the ultimate body without even have to do all that dieting and workout crap. Hell we can even invite Lo to your shows so you'd have someone you actually like to support you."
>>
No. 751002 ID: 3abd97

>This is absolutely obvious possession-hair!
So... does that mean you've run into other ghosts?

>After a fair few decades of being dead and buried, I suddenly woke up in Erin.
If it's any consolation, we didn't have any control or real idea what we were doing when Anna first stumbled into us, either.

>I’m stuck. I’ve tried lots of things
That's weird. We were able to leave. Out of curiosity, did you ever try taking over another person? We were able to go from Anna to Lo and back. Maybe your problem was trying to exit without a proper destination. That or the rules are different since we're a group and you're on your own.

If it's lonesome being a long ghost, you're welcome to join us, if you want. Your call, though. No pressure.

...although maybe you want to wait before trying either of those ideas. Erin might not be the friendliest to us at the moment if you let him out.

>“…Is it weird that I kind of want to see him all made up, now?” (R)
Naw. Lo is the weird one for not wanting to see.

>“Whoa!” Not-Erin gapes at the Host, awestruck. “How did you do that?!”
What, you can't do ghost magic? It comes natural to us. It slowly burns control to use it though.

>“Huh. I’ve got my right leg back. Psyched as I am to be able to do stuff, I’m not sure if we can walk around like this.” (R)
...can we trade? Right now we've each got one leg and one arm. Swap an arm for a leg, and one of us can do the walking!

>Warning! Primary Free Spirits are in danger of losing majority control.
Heads up, close to 50%, Anna. If we fall below that before we get a chance to recharge, we'll be riding shotgun with you instead of the other way around.

(Does a lot for trust / their willingness to work with us if we're willing to surrender control part of the time).

>what else do
Ask if not-Erin has a name. And if Erin actually knows enough exorcism stuff to be useful against a suped up zombie, or a magic house where the exits disappeared.
>>
No. 751003 ID: edee29

>>750990
Are there any other ways to regain Control, like voluntarily granting it or invoking Spirit Commands that we grant her access to? On a related note, can we grant our Host access to Spirit Commands?

>“How did you do that?!”
We have access to things called Spirit Commands. They reduce our ability to control our Host and are temporary, but the durations sometimes improve when we use them. The glowing blue symbols grant new ones. We take it you don't have an A.I. to explain this stuff to you? You might already have at least one.

Also, our Host Suppression basically sticks ours in a sensory deprivation chamber without suppressing her consciousness, does yours work differently?
>>
No. 751010 ID: 595d54

>>750998
That costs us control and it's not guaranteed, let's not. Especially in front of our new friend/ally.

Yeah, tell Anna she's close to having majority control again, offer to swap limbs.
>>
No. 751011 ID: cb4760

His probably works like ours...And uhh...We're getting lower on the spirit juice so we're having issues with control.
I wanna try redistributing our control so we can work with less awkwardness, but I dunno which sections to take and what to leave. I kinda wanna toss our mouth since we're kinda a bunch of babbling morons and having one person at the helm of that probably will smooth things out.
>>
No. 751019 ID: a886eb

You're right, we can't move around like this. Oh my goooosh, we're doomed! DOOMED! Panic!
>>
No. 751022 ID: db0da2

Maybe we don't need to get control of the leg back, think of it as a team building exercise, like a three legged race but with only two legs. If conjoined twins can learn to move around together then so can we. This skill will come in useful later too once we end up losing control of other body parts in dangerous situations.

Failing that we can see if she can't voluntarily give the leg back.

I like touching the book, it's gross, I had forgotten what that felt like. We should read it, maybe it has ancient and forgotten lore.
>>
No. 751023 ID: 91ee5f

>>750986
> You don’t need to be mean about it.”
No, no, no. Not being mean, just being cautious. There's a difference.

>This is absolutely obvious possession-hair!
No it's not. Have you seen rebellious teenagers nowadays? They regularly dye their hair different colors! White is not an obvious possession color!

>>750990
>“Huh. I’ve got my right leg back. Psyched as I am to be able to do stuff, I’m not sure if we can walk around like this.”
Yeeeeaah, about that, apparently every time we use our powers, we slightly lose control of you. And although that's good for you, just remember, if we have no control over you, that means we can't use our powers and if we can't use our powers, then we're pretty screwed if we happen to run into that monster again. So, yeah, double-edged sword, we stay in control, we got some protection from the monster. You finally get your body back, even though we'll still be here, and no protection from the monster. We miiiight need to switch to Lo.....sorry, buddy.
>>
No. 751024 ID: 398fe1

Anna oh god what happens if the zombie shows up and we have to run?
>>
No. 751025 ID: 86cf98

Flash Lo, boom. Anna feels maximum embarrassment which will give us majority control.
>>
No. 751030 ID: 398fe1

Also let's read the GROSS BOOK.

Heck maybe we can use it to provoke the emotional reaction. Move it terrifyingly close to Anna's face.
>>
No. 751061 ID: 16bb01

>>751022
Or we could try to give her control of the other leg.

Also why are we still carrying the gross book? Get the hell rid of that thing.
>>
No. 751080 ID: 595d54

>>751025
God, no.
>>
No. 751086 ID: 4e9864

>>750990
Try to work with Anna to trade limbs, so that one of us has both arms and one has both legs.

And, just for the sake of being nice, tell her what's going on and what we just learned.
>>
No. 751096 ID: 71d443

>>750998
Make Not-Erin jealous!
>>
No. 751108 ID: 3abd97

>>751096
Considering she's been ghost-trapped in a body of the opposite gender for years, isn't that kind of mean?
>>
No. 751185 ID: a107fd

Hey, Anna, if we spend too much ghost-mojo and lose control of your voicebox, would you be alright with repeating most of what we try to say, same as we've been doing for you?
>>
No. 751251 ID: 71d443

>>751185
Sure, let's ask the Host for favors now! Gee host, would you mind ceding total control of your body back to us?

THIS IS NOT A MUTUAL PARTNERSHIP. STOP TRYING TO ACT LIKE ONE. YOU WILL ONLY ERASE YOURSELVES FASTER.
>>
No. 751258 ID: a606da
File 147562626073.png - (509.96KB , 800x600 , pq59.png )
751258

>Are there any other ways to regain Control
>what are the other ways to do this?

Control can only be gained by making the Host Spirit lose Control. Outside of overwhelming the Host Spirit’s thoughts with emotion, Control can be regained by giving the Host Spirit nightmares while the Host is unconscious, by giving the Host Spirit intense physical sensations (such as sharp pain, asphyxiation, or orgasm), by heavily drugging the Host, by carving certain Wards into the Host’s flesh, and/or by causing brain death in the Host during possession.

>On a related note, can we grant our Host access to Spirit Commands?

Spirit Commands are only accessible to the Primary Free Spirits, though there is nothing preventing the Primary Free Spirits from using Spirit Commands at the Host Spirit’s request.

>offer to swap limbs.
>voluntarily give the leg back.
>I wanna try redistributing our control so we can work with less awkwardness
>...can we trade? Right now we've each got one leg and one arm. Swap an arm for a leg, and one of us can do the walking!

:hostannathinking: “Sure thing. How do we do that?”

>Anna oh god what happens if the zombie shows up and we have to run?

:hostannanormal:“Well, that would be a shitty situation. Obviously.”

>Oh my goooosh, we're doomed! DOOMED! Panic!

:hostannasarcastic:“Are you guys having a nervous breakdown or something?”

>We're getting lower on the spirit juice so we're having issues with control.
>Heads up, close to 50%, Anna. If we fall below that before we get a chance to recharge, we'll be riding shotgun with you instead of the other way around.

:hostannahappy:“I’m getting my body back? Hell yes!”

> although that's good for you, just remember, if we have no control over you, that means we can't use our powers and if we can't use our powers, then we're pretty screwed if we happen to run into that monster again. So, yeah, double-edged sword, we stay in control, we got some protection from the monster. You finally get your body back, even though we'll still be here, and no protection from the monster.

:hostannasarcastic: “…I hate my life.”

“We miiiight need to switch to Lo.” The Host shoots Lo an apologetic look. “Sorry, buddy.”

“What?!” Lo cringes. “Why? I mean, if it gives Anna her body back, I wouldn’t fight it, but…”

>Hey, Anna, if we spend too much ghost-mojo and lose control of your voicebox, would you be alright with repeating most of what we try to say, same as we've been doing for you?

:hostannathinking:“I don’t know, maybe? You guys say a lot of shit, so no promises.”

>Anna, say things happen and we're forced to stick with you for a long while. How'd would you feel about moonlighting as a supermodel? I mean with our ability to change your looks, and our new power to have people gloss over things and ignore them, we could own those runways and nobody will ever even know it was you.

:hostannathinking:“…Huh. That doesn’t actually sound too bad, as long as you can disguise me. I can see that being kind of fun, actually.”

>why are we still carrying the gross book?

:hostannanormal: “You’re asking me? I didn’t want to pick the thing up in the first place!”

>I like touching the book, it's gross, I had forgotten what that felt like.

:hostannasarcastic:“Whatever floats your boat, weirdo, but can you at least get your disgusting rocks off in someone else’s body?”

The Host puts the book up to her face, almost touching it to her nose. A bit of the vile liquid on the book drips onto the Host’s cheek.

:hostannascream:Gah! Fucking hell! What is wrong with you, you assholes?!

The Host punches herself in the face with her left hand. Startled, her right arm drops the book to the floor.

Minor Emotional Spike: Disgust. Host Spirit has lost 5% Control.

Minor Emotional Spike: Rage. Host Spirit has lost 5% Control.

Control: 74%


:hostannaangry: “I hope that hurt you as much as it hurt me, you dickbags! …Hey, wait, what just happened? I’ve lost most of my leg, except for the foot.”

The Host tries to stand up again. The Host manages to stay on her feet for a few seconds, but falls over as soon as she tries to walk.

>Maybe we don't need to get control of the leg back, think of it as a team building exercise, like a three legged race but with only two legs. If conjoined twins can learn to move around together then so can we.

:hostannasarcastic:“Are you kidding? We’d have to constantly be going ‘right foot, left foot, right foot, left foot’. It would be a nightmare.”

>let's read the GROSS BOOK.

The Host tries to pry the book open, but it proves difficult with only one arm. “Anna, can you help us out? We want to read the gross book.”

:hostannaangry:“I’m not doing anything until you apologize for shoving that garbage into my face!” (R)
>>
No. 751262 ID: a606da
File 147562642569.png - (359.60KB , 800x600 , pq60.png )
751262

“What are you doing?” Not-Erin looks down at the Host. “Also, back up, you can fly? How does that work?”

“What, you can't do ghost magic? It comes natural to us. It slowly burns control to use it though.” The Host settles into a stilted sitting position on the floor. “We have access to things called Spirit Commands. They reduce our ability to control our Host and are temporary, but the durations sometimes improve when we use them. The glowing blue symbols grant new ones. We take it you don't have an A.I. to explain this stuff to you? You might already have at least one.”

“The only things I can do are take Erin over and sort of fiddle with his perception while he’s in control. Also, A.I.? What?

“Our Host Suppression basically sticks ours in a sensory deprivation chamber without suppressing her consciousness, does yours work differently?”

“I think so? Erin just gets kind of dazed and loopy after I give him his body back. He usually doesn’t remember anything.”

“Can we get a name from you, if you don’t mind, for conversation’s sake? Wait, do you have a name?”

“Of course I do. I’m Kinneret Jacobi.” Kinneret waves politely at the Host. “Nice to meet you.”

“By the way, what did you mean earlier when you were talking about ‘possession hair’?”

“You don’t know? Hair gets all white and wiry when a ghost’s in control. You’ve got it, too, if you haven’t noticed.” Kinneret gestures at the Host’s head. “I only get it in the bangs, for whatever reason. I usually dye Erin’s hair while he sleeps, but I ran out a few nights ago and haven’t had a chance to get more.”

“So… does that mean you’ve run into other ghosts?”

“Yeah, a few.” Kinneret shrugs. “They’ve been popping up around Salem for a while now. I ran into them every so often while I was trying to get out of Erin. They’re all like me, stuck sharing a body. A couple of them use their bodies 24/7, which I always thought was pretty fucked up.”

“Out of curiosity, did you ever try taking over another person? We were able to go from Anna to Lo and back. Maybe your problem was trying to exit without a proper destination. That or the rules are different since we're a group and you're on your own.”

“I’ve tried loads of times, but nothing ever happens. How do you do it? Is it one of those superpowers you have?”

“Yeah. You know, if it's lonesome being a lone ghost, you're welcome to join us, if you want. Your call, though. No pressure.”

“Sure, I’m down. I’ve gotten pretty tired of the lone wolf routine. So, uh, how do we mind-meld or whatever?” Kinneret’s face lights up with excitement. “Actually, would you mind trying to possess me? It might glue us together, it might not, but either way, I want to see how it works. Maybe it’ll help me figure out how to do it myself.”
>>
No. 751265 ID: 398fe1

>>751258
>and/or by causing brain death in the Host during possession.
Wait, what? If the Host dies we retain control of the body?

>>751262
>possess Erin
GREAT IDEA! Let's try it.
>>
No. 751266 ID: 16bb01

>>751262
Sure why not. Hmm, if it works would we be possessing Erin, or you?
>>
No. 751268 ID: 3abd97

>Control can only be gained by making the Host Spirit lose Control.
...can the host chose to surrender control?

>“I don’t know, maybe? You guys say a lot of shit, so no promises.”
You can stick to the important bits. Editorial control and all.

>“I hope that hurt you as much as it hurt me, you dickbags! …Hey, wait, what just happened? I’ve lost most of my leg, except for the foot.”
>“I’m not doing anything until you apologize for shoving that garbage into my face!” (R)
Sorry! We kind of had an internal disagreement and maybe a bit of an overreaction to getting gross stuff on our face. Your face. Sorry.

>Also, A.I.? What?
Like a built in help feature? Dunno, maybe one of us was a computer before they died. Or a ghostology expert or something.

>“Actually, would you mind trying to possess me? It might glue us together, it might not, but either way, I want to see how it works. Maybe it’ll help me figure out how to do it myself.”
You mind if we try, Anna? Worst case we're going to bounce off and just end up in you.

[Possess Kinneret]
>>
No. 751270 ID: db0da2

>Whatever floats your boat, weirdo, but can you at least get your disgusting rocks off in someone else’s body?
Technically, I'd be getting your disgusting rocks off.

>I’m not doing anything until you apologize for shoving that garbage into my face!
We're sorry for shoving the incredible garbage of awesome forgotten lore and possibly also ultimate power in your face, now please let us read it.

Once we're done with the book, would you mind adding one more squatter?
>>
No. 751271 ID: 71d443

You know what we need to do to regain control now, right?

Touch the book. Taste the book. Lick the book.
Lick the book. Lick the book. Lick the book. Lick the book. Book. Book. Book.
>>
No. 751272 ID: 213ff6

Let's get spooky
>Possess that sucker
>>
No. 751278 ID: 71d443

Wait, huh? Oh- YES. JOIN US. COME BE OUR VOICE OF GHOSTLY REASON. (Possess competent ghost-host)
>>
No. 751279 ID: fef726

>>751271
veto. we just apologized for doing that in the first place.
>>
No. 751283 ID: edee29

>>751262
>I’m getting my body back? Hell yes!
Technically, "majority control" doesn't necessarily mean "complete control", so we'd presumably still have some limbs until we got way lower. On the subject of being able to walk, though, as long as majority control belongs to us we can presumably get full limb control back by suppressing you. Not that we want to do that, but it'll be better than dying in an emergency.

>>750986
>Control can only be gained by making the Host Spirit lose Control.
Okay, so the Host can't voluntarily give up Control. What about limb/mouth control, can one of us voluntarily render themself a passenger the way Kinneret does so the other can feely pilot the body?

>possess Erin
Sure, we can try that. We should jump over to Lo first to recharge, though.
>>
No. 751296 ID: cb4760

We don't recharge by jumping, we LOSE it by jumping, as it's one of our Ghostly Superpowers. But yeah let's pop on over to Erin, see how that works out. I hope we don't get a ghost fight going on up in there...Or maybe we will and it'll be a way to deal with those other Ghosts?
Which leads me to my next point. Those other Ghosts are showing up in people. Presumably people who are not messing around in old haunted houses. Meaning the nonsense going on in here? Is most likely not actually contained and someone needs to deal with it before the restless dead truly begin to overtake the living...
>>
No. 751299 ID: edee29

>>751296
We recharge by our Host becoming excessively emotional (among other things), and Lo is really, really panicky. We hop over, say "boo", fill back up to 100%, then try to jump to Erin. If we don't fill up before jumping and it works, then we could end up unable to leave Erin unless absorbing Kinneret refills our Control.
>>
No. 751307 ID: dc419a

>>751299
It cost 50% of our power to jump to a new host, no mater what unless something happens, we won't have full control. Also we already jumped to Lo once, he might not panic as much as before meaning we'd lose power instead of gaining.
>>
No. 751353 ID: a606da
File 147564771052.gif - (272.66KB , 800x600 , pq61.gif )
751353

>If the host dies we retain control of the body?

In the case of brain death, any Primary Free Spirits possessing the Host will functionally replace the Host Spirit and may control the Host indefinitely. A dead body cannot be the target of Possess Host, however, so if the Primary Free Spirits leave a brain-dead Host, then they will be unable to return to it.

>...can the host chose to surrender control?

Gaining Control is based in disrupting the mental faculties of the Host Spirit. Few Hosts can knowingly put themselves through the levels of distress required for them to lose Control.

>let's pop on over to Erin, see how that works out.
>You mind if we try, Anna? Worst case we're going to bounce off and just end up in you.

:hostannathinking:“Hey, I’m all for it. I think I need a break from you guys, anyway.”

>Technically, I'd be getting your disgusting rocks off.

:hostannaangry:“Is this an attempt to get me to punch us again? If it is, good job, because it’s working.”

>Sorry! We kind of had an internal disagreement and maybe a bit of an overreaction to getting gross stuff on our face. Your face. Sorry.
>We're sorry for shoving the incredible garbage of awesome forgotten lore and possibly also ultimate power in your face, now please let us read it.

:hostannasarcastic:“Fine. Apology accepted. Weren’t you going to hop into Kinneret? Go read your creepy slime book in her body. Erin’s body. Whatever.”

“Anna, once we're done with the book, would you mind adding one more squatter?”

:hostannanormal:“You mean Kinneret? Um… hm. She seems nice enough, and she does have a track record of being responsible with other people’s bodies… Sure, I guess I wouldn’t mind letting her inside me.” (Repeated)

Kinneret bursts out laughing.

:hostannathinking:“Huh? What is it? (R)

“N-nothing.” Kinneret manages to bite back her giggling, but she doesn’t stop grinning. “Um… Anna, right? I’m honored that you’d be willing to, ah, let me inside you. Seriously, thank you. I’m ready to be possessed, by the way. Whenever you’re ready.”

>Let’s get spooky. Possess that sucker
>Sure why not.
>YES. JOIN US. COME BE OUR VOICE OF GHOSTLY REASON. (Possess competent ghost-host)
>[Possess Kinneret]

Activated Spirit Command!

Possess Host: ‘Kinneret’

>>
No. 751356 ID: a606da
File 147564797825.png - (464.35KB , 800x600 , pq62.png )
751356

Possession complete!

Host: Erin Lesper Kinneret Jacobi

Spiritual Medium: Control cost negated.

Control: 74%

Error: Spiritual Mediums cannot be suppressed.


:hostkinneretspooked:“Whoa. I don’t know what I expected, but that was just… yikes.

“Ugh.” Panting. Anna stumbles over and leans against the nearest wall. “That felt way worse than the last time; I think I might vomit. Did all of you get out of me, at least?”

The Host nods.

:hostkinneretnormal:“Huh. This feels almost the same as being in Erin’s head when he’s the one in control. I can still move his right arm, though, so that’s different.”

“Good. You’d better not have left anyone behind.” Anna closes her eyes and takes a few deep breaths. “I really need some alone time.”

“Anna?” Lo cautiously approaches her.

“Yeah, it's me. Just me, for the first time in a while.” Anna smiles. “Hey, Lo.”

Lo swoops in and gives Anna a hug. After a few seconds, Anna awkwardly returns the embrace, patting Lo on the back.

:hostkinnerethappy:D’aww! They’re a cute couple. That used to be me and my husband, right there: Flittering little lovebirds.”

“Alright, we’ve got a book to read!” The Host reaches to pick up the book. “Let’s see, Kinneret, we’ll need your help to pry it open -“

“Hold on!” Lo suddenly throws his hands up. "Quiet!"

“What is it?” Anna coughs.

“Shh.” Lo puts a finger to his lips. “Listen.”

The Host hears a scratching noise coming from outside of the door. After a few seconds, the scratching is accompanied by barely-audible whispers.

Father… father, please…
>>
No. 751357 ID: 71d443

They ain't gettin' my alimony checks today! Shore up that barricade!
>>
No. 751358 ID: 398fe1

>>751356
Ask who it is.
>>
No. 751359 ID: 094652

> Flittering little lovebirds
Who are simultaneously homosexual. It's not happening, Kinneret.

> ... Papa ... please ... help ... me ...
^&*(@#$%er.

We are NOT letting them in, but provoking them might cost us an ally or gain us an enemy.

Tell the voice to find another open door, make sure there's nothing dangerous inside, mark it with an obtuse X with a straight vertical line down the acute angles, get in, barricade the door as best as they can, and STAY THERE. You'll try to pick them up much later, but until then, they need to stay far away from mister cavey-face stabby guy.
>>
No. 751367 ID: 16bb01

>>751356
Woh, inverty hair. Weird.

Well, I guess this is what shenanigans arise when we possess another ghost. Ugh, that entry, though, painful. To the eyes if nothing else.

Also our possession eye effects appear to have combined. So that's... interesting.

>anna feels very bad
Okay, I don't think we'll be trying ghost possession again. But hey. It did work.

I wonder if we can transfer from possessing you to possessing Erin? Not the time to try it tho.
>>
No. 751402 ID: db0da2

Disregard spooky voice, acquire knowledge. It's not as if we're going to take down the barricade to go look at it, and Lo and Anna can listen just fine while we read. The only situation where we might need to actually do something is the one where it starts busting the door down, which I don't think will happen.
>>
No. 751440 ID: cb4760

...Well.
Spiritual Mediums like yourself don't cost power to jump into. Probably because you've already done the 'groundwork' so to speak of setting things up for ghosts.
>>
No. 751481 ID: 3abd97

>“Ugh.” Panting. Anna stumbles over and leans against the nearest wall. “That felt way worse than the last time; I think I might vomit. Did all of you get out of me, at least?”
Sorry, Anna. If we had ghostly painkillers or anti-nauseas we'd use them.

>Spiritual Medium
Hmmm. We didn't merge. We're in the body, and you're in the body, but our interface recognizes you as something distinct from us still. Not quite that simple to merge into a ghost host I guess. We'll have to see if you can come with us when we eventually leave again, or if you have the ability to read over our shoulder, pick up our tricks. Try poking us? Asking for the help prompt or tutorial?

One interesting distinction is neither of us appears to be repeating speech for the other. We've both got access to speech. Different setup.

>The Host hears a scratching noise coming from outside of the door.
>“Father… father, please…”
Can we use alter perception to make the door invisible or transparent, so we can see what's on the other side?
>>
No. 751493 ID: 91ee5f

>>751481
>Can we use alter perception to make the door invisible or transparent, so we can see what's on the other side?
This has already been explained when we first got the ability.
>Alter Perception: Subtly manipulate the attention of one visible subject. Can be used to make a subject either fixate on or overlook a specific detail in their surrounding environment. (Cannot be used to make a subject ignore something of which they are already aware.) Control Cost: 5%. Stress Capacity: 1.0
It won't work because:
1. We're already aware of the door's existence.
2. If it did work, we'd only see a wall because it docent make the door see through.
3. It's meant to work on others and not ourselves.
>>
No. 751497 ID: edee29

>>751356
>That felt way worse than the last time
Sorry, Anna. That's probably a side effect of repeatedly entering and leaving your body without giving it proper time to recover.

A.I.: Does Possess Host have any side effects on the Host Body? If yes, please list them.

>Father… father, please…
Oh, wonderful, a creepy voice wants in here. Maybe it'll go away if we ignore it.
>>
No. 751512 ID: 3abd97

Oh wait, obvious idea.

[Display help file on Spiritual Mediums]
>>
No. 751546 ID: a606da
File 147572109021.png - (379.57KB , 800x600 , pq63.png )
751546

>Does Possess Host have any side effects on the Host Body?

Possess Host has no direct side effects.

>[Display help file on Spiritual Mediums]

Spiritual Mediums are Host Spirits who interact abnormally with possession. They can occur naturally in certain rare cases, but most Spiritual Mediums are the result of secondhand exposure to the emptiness writhing underneath the skin of the world.

>Hmmm. We didn't merge. We're in the body, and you're in the body, but our interface recognizes you as something distinct from us still. Not quite that simple to merge into a ghost host I guess. We'll have to see if you can come with us when we eventually leave again

:hostkinneretnormal:“It was worth a shot. Oh well. Yeah, here’s hoping we stick together when you pop out of Erin.”

>One interesting distinction is neither of us appears to be repeating speech for the other. We've both got access to speech.

:hostkinneretnormal:“What do you mean? My words aren’t audible outside of our head.”

“Who’s there?” The Host calls out.

Father…?” The voice on the other side of the door gets slightly louder. It sounds like a small child. “I am yours, father, of course…

“Are you safe? If so, find an open door, make sure there’s nothing dangerous in the room, mark the door, and barricade yourself inside.”

I can’t reach the doorknobs, father… they took my legs. Why can’t I just stay in the office with you, like always? The others are restless today, father… they won’t stop taking from me.” The voice breaks, sounding pained. “I’m scared. All my marrow is leaking out, and my veins are almost dry… fix me, father, please, put me back together… it hurts so much.

“Huh.” The Host turns and lowers his voice, speaking to the others. “We are not letting them in. Shore up that barricade.”

“I’m not sure. They don’t seem aggressive, and they sound badly injured.” Lo glances anxiously at the door. “If we don’t help them, then they’ll probably die.”

“It doesn’t even sound human, Lo.” Anna shakes her head. “If we let it in, we could be killed. It’s too much of a risk.”

:hostkinneretangry: “Hey, they don’t have to be a human to be humane! I mean, just look at us. Besides, you folks said that there’s a monster running around, right? This person could be in serious danger if we leave them out there!" (Repeated)

I can hear you, father… are you talking with the walls again? Why won’t you let me in?” The voice pleads. “What did I do wrong? I’m sorry… I’m not like them, I promise. I still read your books. I know poetry, I know math… Please, father, please don’t leave me, I can’t bear to be alone in this place anymore…
>>
No. 751550 ID: fef726

>>751546
It is probably a mistake, but I say let her in. We do have enough control right now to spend it on boosts if she does prove hostile when we prove not to be her father.
>>
No. 751551 ID: a606da
File 147572145956.png - (459.53KB , 800x600 , pq64.png )
751551

>Maybe it’ll go away if we ignore it.
>Disregard spooky voice, acquire knowledge. […] Lo and Anna can listen just fine while we read.

The Host leans down and picks up the moist book. “Kinneret, can you help us open this?”

:hostkinneretnormal:“Sure, if you’d like.”

With no small amount of effort, the Host manages to pry the book open. The first page is far cleaner than the rest, as it appears to have been more recently sewn into the binding. The Host begins to read the text.

My father killed himself yesterday, a coward to the end. The duty’s finally fallen to me, but it’s only a formality. I’ve been doing his job for years. Even then, I had always hoped that I might escape it, but it’s too late for that now.

I still tried to run, obviously, but it kept bringing me back. It’s gained a fondness for doors. It slips them in and out, mixing and winding them in horrible knots. I drove almost seventy miles to stay with Malcolm, but when I walked through his house’s front door, it only led back here.

I spent this last sleepless night in a rage, cursing those self-styled wise men and wizards that first thought to teach it law. For their love of rituals, their idiotic concepts of exchange, I am forever damned. I would lock the arrogant bastards in here with me, if they still lived, and then I’d show them the poisoned fruits produced by their labour.

But I digress. I write in this book bound with bile and sin, and in so doing, I accept my fate. I am condemned to an existence of meaningless scribbling, sacrifice, and divine placation. So be it. That said, I refuse to be my father. I’ll never give in to despair, nor cease to rebel. Instead, I shall find some way to rectify this archaic tragedy.

It may take me a lifetime, but I will be the one who tames God.

— Laurence Krite, 4,229th Administrator of Sustenance

:hostkinneretspooked:“…Pardon my language, but what the fuck did we just read?”

I love you, father… you’re all that I have. I’m sorry if I’ve done something to make you hate me.” The voice whimpers. “I don’t want to die, father… there’s still so much I want to see. You said you’d take me outside, didn’t you…? You promised.

“I can’t just stand by and listen to this.” Lo grimaces. “I feel sick.”

“You’re not the only one.” Anna curls up on the floor, clutching at her stomach. “I feel like my organs are playing musical chairs.”

“Sorry, Anna. That's probably a side effect of repeatedly entering and leaving your body without giving it proper time to recover.” The Host leans down and comfortingly pats Anna’s shoulder. “If we had ghostly painkillers or anti-nauseas we'd use them.”

“It’s fine.” Anna closes her eyes and begins taking slow, deep breaths. “This is still better than being a prisoner in my own skin.”

:hostkinneretsad:“Poor girl. She sounds like she’s had a bad day. Can we give her a hug?”

Father… was it all a lie? Please, no…” The voice outside trails off into quiet sobbing.
>>
No. 751552 ID: 86cf98

get our powerless fleshies away from the door and look inside. Get ready to murder a child tho if it attacks, BUT only if it attacks. It might be like super ugly and creepy but we shouldn't draw first blood.
>>
No. 751553 ID: 398fe1

>>751551
Man. This is getting interesting.

Let's keep reading.
>>
No. 751555 ID: 595d54

Open the door. Get the others away. Be prepared to use superpowers, I suppose.
>>
No. 751556 ID: 3abd97

>“…Pardon my language, but what the fuck did we just read?”
The ravings of one of the people partially responsible for this place, I think. That it's the work of generations doesn't bode well.

>It’s gained a fondness for doors.
That's worrisome. The front door disappeared on us before. If this is true, it suggest we might have to unravel or tame whatever's here in order to leave at all. That there's no real escape as long as it holds any power.

>“Poor girl. She sounds like she’s had a bad day. Can we give her a hug?”
Yeah. Might want to make it clear it was from you- a hug from us might be less well received, considering our getting too close to her was largely the cause of her problems.

>voice outside the door
Assuming it's not a trickster playing on our emotions, she told us her "father" is responsible for her and several other things wandering the halls, and she's kind of at the bottom of the pecking order.

Well, we don't have another way out of the room, and if we let her corner us, eventually one of her stronger or meaner siblings will find us.

See if Anna is well enough to stand, and to move if need be. Have her and Lo move away from the door. If it's hostile, you'll do something ghostly. Their job is to stay safe. You'll... see if it's something we can help and talk to, or if she's too far gone.
>>
No. 751559 ID: d682c1

Honestly, I can't blame the guy for going crazy. He chose to run, get help. It wouldn't let him.

As for the girl, it's obvious that we're more scared of her than she's scared of us. What that means, though, is the real question. I suspect she doesn't realize how much power she has, and we probably estimated a lower bound. She might kill Lo from the heart attack alone.

If we open that door, anything could come out of it. Whatever The Entity is, it likes doors. You open that door, it might not lead to what actually is a dismembered dying dame, but a giant octopus monster with spines for tentacles and packed to the brim with diseases, parasites, and enough cosmic radiation to make a thermonuclear warhead look like a microwave oven.

In fact, I'm not even sure this is the same house. Maybe The Entity likes to play mind games by using multiple mansions with different layouts, to give the impression that it usually twists space to its whim when it just jury-rigged a bunch of Portals(TM).

You need to convince the girl that you're not her father. Ask her if she knows there's more to the world than a bunch of doors leading to rooms full of blood runes. After that, grill her for everything she knows about this place and how it works, pretend you're stupid but a good listener so she doesn't leave out her version of common sense and door theory. Finally, try to slide stuff under the door, see if she can receive a long pole to grab the doorknobs or something.
>>
No. 751560 ID: 5900b7

Could we be the souls of the wizards this guy want to punish? Maybe not, but we should at least establish what we remember from our lives and what do we know. We should definitely continue to read the book.
If Lo want to help this creature let him open the door for this damage undead construction to enter. We are already dead and have magical powers, if anyone should be concern for their well been should be those two, if they are not who are we to deny their choice.
>>
No. 751566 ID: 91ee5f

We're gonna give Anna as much time as possible to recover so if we need to switch for some reason, we're going to come over to you Lo. But if we somehow get split up from each other or something and ONLY in an extreme emergency, then we're going to come back to Anna. So, hopefully none of us get split up or something, because we want to give Anna a chance to rest. And don't worry, we're in no rush to come back, so try to relax.....as much as a haunted house full of who knows what will allow you to relax.

>Voice behind door.
Anna, Lo, both of you back away from the door. We're gonna let it in. We're not gonna kill it unless it attacks us first. We only kill if it's in self-defense or to protect someone else.
>>
No. 751592 ID: a606da
File 147573713974.png - (433.08KB , 800x600 , pq65.png )
751592

>Yeah. Might want to make it clear it was from you- a hug from us might be less well received, considering our getting too close to her was largely the cause of her problems.

:hostkinneretnormal: “Alright, please repeat this: Anna, this is Kinneret. I’m sorry that you’ve been having a rough time. I hope you feel better.” (Repeated)

The Host gently pulls Anna into a hug.

“Oh! Uh, thank you.” Anna flinches, embarrassed. “I’ll be okay, I think. My nausea’s already fading.”

:hostkinnerethappy:“Glad to hear it. Hang in there.” (R)

“Wow. I didn’t think ghosts could be so nice.” Anna mumbles with uncharacteristic shyness. “Hey, um, Kinneret? You can share my head whenever you want. Just saying.”

:hostkinnerethappy:“Oh my god, she’s adorable. I love it.”

>We should definitely continue to read the book.
>The ravings of one of the people partially responsible for this place, I think. That it's the work of generations doesn't bode well.
>This is getting interesting. Let’s keep reading.

:hostkinneretsad: “I guess we can read a little more. This book is kind of freaking me out, though.”

The Host tries to turn the page, but the rest of book is stuck together with what appears to be caked-on pus and dried blood.

:hostkinneretspooked: “Whoops, changed my mind! Veto! Veto! No more reading rainbow for now, please. Even if it’s not really my hand, I still don’t want to feel any of that nightmare-goop on my fingers. Sorry.”

“Alright. Anna, Lo, powerless fleshies, get away from the door.” The Host stands up. “It’s probably a mistake, but we’re going to let it in.”

“Really?” Anna sighs. “I guess that does make it three against one… fine, go ahead.”

“It’s the right choice, I think. Come on, Anna, up you get.” Lo helps Anna to her feet, then walks her over to the far corner of the room. “Okay, we’re as ready as we’ll ever be.”

“Alright, then. We open that door, anything could come out, but we’re not going to kill it unless it attacks first. It might be, like, super ugly and creepy, but we shouldn't draw first blood. If it ends up being hostile, we’ll do something ghostly, use superpowers, or something like that, so try to stay out of it.”

“Got it.”

The Host pushes the barricade out of the way, then opens the door.

Oh! Thank you, father… I love you.” A cloth-covered tiny figure, barely over a foot tall, skitters into the room. As soon as it sees the Host, the little creature shrieks and scrambles away, leaving a scattered trail of blackish-red liquid behind it. It huddles in the corner of the room, trembling. “You… you’re not father… S-stay away! Don’t hurt me! Father, where did you go? Help me, father, I’m scared!
>>
No. 751593 ID: fef726

Poor thing.

Not sure what we can do for it, beyond re-assuring its safe here with us. Maybe try to bind its wounds?
>>
No. 751594 ID: 595d54

"We don't know who Father is, but we don't just want to leave you to die, either. Can we help you?"
>>
No. 751595 ID: 79a07e

>>751592
Uhh...no, we aren't Father, but we'd like to help you anyway. We won't hurt you, promise.


*It's actually kinda cute in a what-the-fuck sort of way. How can we heal it up?*
>>
No. 751596 ID: ce37f2

We got lucky, she's just a scared little monster with half a spine and scythes for arms. This is one of those moments where superpowers are usually not on the menu.

So let's make a good impression.

Modify Host: Bulging Muscles + Paragon Voice + Giant Branded Insignia

"DO NOT WORRY LITTLE GIRL, FOR I... AM... the journalist."

Wait for it...

"OF JUUUSTIIICE!!!"
>>
No. 751599 ID: 398fe1

>>751592
Wow that thing sure is leaking everywhere.

Ask who it is.
>>
No. 751602 ID: 16bb01

>>751596
Nah.

So, this is almost certainly the child of the zombie we punched the face off of earlier. Which is also almost certainly the writer of the legible page in the book.

I wonder if we can get Dad to listen to us if we take care of his kid? Of course, I have no idea how to do that. Except I suspect it would involve killing other people, which ain't happening.

>The others are restless today, father… they won’t stop taking from me.
So, who are they, I wonder?
>>
No. 751606 ID: db0da2

"WHO IS YOUR DADDY AND WHAT DOES HE DO?"

"Fear not child, we mean you no harm. We may be able to help you in lieu of your father, or, failing that, reunite you with him."

Ask it if it's human. Ask if it was born here. Ask if its father wrote the book we're holding. Ask if there is some way we can help it.
>>
No. 751607 ID: ba506f

So, little one... mind if I ask for a name?

Also Kin, you're the one that's studied the most super natural stuff out of anyone here, any clue what our new friend is?
>>
No. 751624 ID: 3abd97

>“You… you’re not father… S-stay away! Don’t hurt me! Father, where did you go? Help me, father, I’m scared!”
We promise not to hurt you. Sorry, we haven't seen your father, unless he was the big guy with the red ink.

(Although there's the off chance we are her father. Or at least, that one of the ghosts in our collective is and just doesn't remember).

We're the Host (of Ghosts), currently sharing this body with Kinneret, and Erin (who's asleep right now so don't worry about him) and this is Lo and Anna.

Who are you?

Can we help you? You said someone hurt you before.
>>
No. 751656 ID: a606da
File 147578977384.png - (246.32KB , 800x600 , pq66.png )
751656

>Kin, you're the one that's studied the most super natural stuff out of anyone here, any clue what our new friend is?

:hostkinneretsarcastic: “Yeah, I know what they are: utterly terrified.

“Fear not, child, we mean you no harm.” The Host kneels down a few feet away from the small creature. “We won’t hurt you. Promise. You’re safe here with us.”

…?” The creature looks up at the Host with anxiety. It wobbles nervously on its bony limbs.

“We’re the Host of ghosts, currently sharing this body with Kinneret and Erin. Erin’s asleep right now, so don’t worry about him.” The Host points to Anna and Lo, who are staring with horror at the small figure. “This is Anna and Lo. So, little one… who are you? What’s your name?”

…Name…?” The little creature sounds uncertain, still not moving from its spot in the corner. “…Father calls me Toothpick, sometimes.

>let's make a good impression.

:hostkinnerethappy: “Hello, Toothpick. I’m Kinneret. Pleased to meet you.” (Repeated)

…Hello.

“Are you human?” The Host asks. “Were you born here?”

…Parts of me are human, yes… Father says that counts… he says I’m like Pinocchio, but a girl.” Toothpick minutely nods her mostly-hidden head. “…I wasn’t born here, I was born in the basement.

“We don’t know who ‘father’ is. Did he write this book?” The Host holds up the foul tome. “Who is he, and what does he do?”

Father… is father.” Toothpick seems confused. “…He writes in that book, but he never reads to me from it… he won’t let me touch it, either. He does lots of things… he plays with me, teaches me things, feeds me… feeds the walls…

“Poor thing. You’re leaking everywhere.” The Host reaches forward, but pulls back when Toothpick lets out a hoarse squeak of fear. “Please, we’d like to help you. We don’t just want to leave you to die. How can we heal you up?”

…I heal on my own, mostly… but some of my joints got cracked, and the marrow keeps seeping out…” Toothpick hesitantly points with one of her scythe-like appendages, indicating the upper drawer of a nearby cabinet. “Father uses duh-kut tape to fix me. He keeps it in there…

The Host walks over and pulls opens the drawer. Inside the cabinet, there is a roll of duct tape, a small basket with a rudimentary sewing kit (scissors, needles, and thread), a jar of cheap candies, and a scratched-up (but very soft) throw pillow. Near the back of the cabinet, there is also a worn old paperback titled ‘The Ugly Duckling, The Little Mermaid, and other Fairy Tales for Children’.
>>
No. 751658 ID: fe8424

What an adorable little homunculus!

LET'S ADOPT HER
>>
No. 751659 ID: c896b3

Take the duct tape and the pillow, pocket the candies for later.

"Really, duct tape? How well does that work? May we have a closer look at you? We'd like to help."
>>
No. 751664 ID: 3abd97

>>751656
Take the duct tape, ask if you can patch her before touching her.

After, give her a candy for being a good girl and let her have the pillow, it's probably hers.
>>
No. 751666 ID: fef726

We should ask what he feeds her, and what he feeds the walls.
>>
No. 751668 ID: 86cf98

After we patch her up we should give her the pillow, and maybe the candy. Lets ask a few questions before hand like if father ever gave her candy before. This is a demon house so id guess that the candy could be poisonous.
>>
No. 751707 ID: d38986

> Parts of me are human, yes… Father says that counts… he says I’m like Pinocchio, but a girl.
That has very disturbing implications.

Have Lo and Anna hold her arms while you bind her wounds. If she struggles, give her hair a good combing and try to calm her down. Also, any grievous injuries she might accidentally inflict should be treated with possession and body modification.
>>
No. 751708 ID: 71d443

>>751658
Don't adopt bear cubs when mama bear is nearby.

Ask if she knows an Edward.
>>
No. 751709 ID: 213ff6

Also we should ask 1.how long it's been since her 'father' has talked to her, 2. if she knows anything about Gloomy mcGOD IS DEAD. Also, Is it warded too?
>>
No. 751716 ID: a606da
File 147581665631.png - (483.31KB , 800x600 , pq67.png )
751716

>Is it warded too?

‘Toothpick’ is a valid target for Possess Host, as the subject's Wards have recently expired.

"Really, duct tape? How well does that work?" The Host takes the duct tape out of the cabinet. “By the way, what does your father feed you? And, uh… what does he feed the walls?

…Duh-kut tape holds my cuts and cracks closed, so they can heal right. Father feeds me lots of things… eggs and toast, mostly, but when he’s got time, he’ll make me sandwiches or meat pies…” As she speaks, Toothpick’s voice begins to sound a little less tense. “Sometimes, when I’m really really good, he’ll give me sweets… I love sweets.

“Huh.” Anna is still staring blankly at Toothpick. “That sounds surprisingly… well, normal.

Toothpick turns and silently meets Anna’s gaze, looking up at her with curiosity. Anna freezes, clearly not sure how she should react. After a little while, Toothpick turns back to the Host, and begins to speak again. “The wall only likes to eat gross stuff, I think… living ink and symbols, that sort of thing…

“How long has it been since your father has talked to you?”

A long time... I don't know where he went. I think maybe he’s playing hide and seek… he’s always so much better than I am at games…

“Toothpick, would it be alright if I patched you up?” The Host kneels down beside Toothpick again. “May we have a closer look at you? We'd like to help."

…I don’t know…” Toothpick nervously shifts from side to side, her limbs making little tapping sounds.

“Oh well.” The Host goes back to the cabinet and pulls out the throw pillow. “Is this yours?”

Princess Plush!” Toothpick scrambles over and starts limply hopping up and down, trying to grab the pillow out of the Host’s hands. “Princess Plush, Princess Plush!

The Host obligingly places the pillow on the floor.

Toothpick instantly scoops the throw pillow up and scuttles back into her corner, hugging the cushion with her sharp limbs. “I thought father threw you away… I missed you so much, Princess Plush!

>What an adorable little homunculus! LET'S ADOPT HER

:hostkinnerethappy:“No arguments here. She’s a lovely little person, isn’t she?”

>Don't adopt bear cubs when mama bear is nearby.

:hostkinneretsarcastic:“Hey, buzzkill, don’t ruin the mood.”

“You like sweets, right?” The Host takes out the jar of candy.

Instantly, Toothpick goes still. She focuses her gaze on the jar of candy, her single visible eye displaying an obvious longing.

The Host throws Toothpick a lollipop. She scrambles for it, catches it, and eats it in one bite, wrapper, stick, and all. She returns to staring hopefully at the jar of candy. “…Are you my fairy godmother?

:hostkinneretnormal:”Huh? What do you mean by that, sweetheart?” (Repeated)

…Fairy godmothers make your wishes come true. I was lonely, but then you arrived… I thought Princess Plush was gone forever, but then you brought her back… I was hungry, but then you gave me my favorite food…” Toothpick hugs her pillow more tightly. “If you’re not my fairy godmother… are you my mother? I’ve always wanted a mother…

:hostkinnerethappy:“Can we hug her forever? Please? I know she’s got sharp bits, but, come on, Erin probably won’t notice a few little holes.”

:hosterinnormal:“I won’t notice what?

:hostkinneretspooked:“Holy shit! Erin?!

:hosterinpained:“Wait, what’s going on? God, my head… it hurts so much…”
>>
No. 751717 ID: 9dc26d

>>751716
Hey Erin how do you feel about hugging adorable things?
>>
No. 751718 ID: 398fe1

>>751715
Oh that's interesting. Erin's immunity to OUR suppression negated your, different type of suppression.

Oh well. Hello Erin you're possessed by a swarm of ghosts right now. We are not malevolent, so please don't try to kill us or eject us violently from your body or something. We are currently investigating this spooky mansion that appears to be our point of origin.
>>
No. 751720 ID: d70a92

ERIN
THIS IS THE VOICE OF GOD
STOP JACKING IT TO MONSTER MUSUME
>>
No. 751721 ID: 71d443

>>751717
>>751718
SHHHHShshshsHSHHSHHHH No. This is a fresh start in a new body. Eventual loss of control is NOT a concern. We're doing it right this time, and we're going to SPOOK. GET SPOOKED, ERIN. Now YOU are the demons.

To heighten the host's intial emotional reaction and refresh our meter, enact Modify Host: Gender Bender. Lil' Miss Bones always wanted a mama, after all.
>>
No. 751722 ID: ba506f

>Wait, what’s going on? God, my head… it hurts so much…
...snrrrk, oh god should have seen this one coming. So Kin, you want us to tell him or do you want to take over that department? I mean we'll do it by we'll be far more blunt about it then you probably will be.

Also, Lo, Anna, Erin just woke up so uh, wait a minute and then come over to help comfort him. Well wave you over when he looks like he needs a hug.

(also when things look like they might need a distraction)
Oh and Erin, this is toothpick, a humunculus. she is very shy but acts very sweet so be nice.
>>
No. 751723 ID: 3abd97

Ixnay on the Inneretkay, guys. Just because Erin finds out about us doesn't mean we have to let on he's got an independent possession and ruin things for her.

>I won’t notice what?
Our trying to administer kindness to the adorable childlike abomination against nature that's apparently been abandoned here?

Looks she's some kind of zombie-construct! You're interested in those, right?

>Wait, what’s going on?
Hello, we're a Host of Ghosts, currently possessing you. Sorry about that, and the headache. We didn't mean to cause the later.

Don't worry, we don't plan to stay permanently, we promise not to make you do anything bad, and in fact we're quite interested in helping people escape this haunted house and figure out just what's going on, which sort of aligns with your interests, right?

In fact, we'd be quite willing to exchange knowledge and help you learn more about the spirit world and such.

Just don't exorcise us, bro. Okay?
>>
No. 751724 ID: 3abd97

>“…Are you my fairy godmother?”
Can. Can we use alter perception to make her see fairy wings on us?
>>
No. 751726 ID: 595d54

>>751721
Mate, with a mob like us, we're always going to fuck up and lose control eventually. Just accept it and make nice with the hosts.

Ixnay on Inneretkay seconded if at all possible.

We're a host of ghosts and you're our current host. No, we can't just choose not to possess people, but we can give you superpowers and most of us favor getting along with our hosts.
>>
No. 751727 ID: 71d443

>>751726
Then try actively trying not to fuck up. And I'm talking about the constant gradual drain, which is gone now. We're calling the shots, and it should stay that way for the foreseeable future. Now, no more groveling before our own body for Good Boy Points(tm).

(and of course, ix-nay about you-know-who.)
>>
No. 751728 ID: 595d54

>>751727
Sure, but good luck convincing everyone, and good luck having everyone succeed. Plus, I think it'd be a lot more useful to have someone with no power drain actually like us than actively try to get us out. Especially since Erin's an exorcist who may or may not actually be able to rip ghosts out.
>>
No. 751730 ID: 91ee5f

>>751722
>Oh and Erin, this is toothpick, a humunculus. she is very shy but acts very sweet so be nice.
And no exorcising either!
>>
No. 751732 ID: 213ff6

Okay so, that's another voice soul thing up in this body, We thought you would be like, unconscious for this... so uh...We're the ghost legion or something, nice ta meet ya and all that...By the way fellow ghosts, how do you feel about going by legion as a collective, so the meat-fellows have a name to call us by?
>>
No. 751749 ID: db0da2

Hahaha! This is getting interesting. Hello Erin, we didn't expect you to wake up so soon, or at all. We're currently borrowing your body, but don't worry, we'll give it back to you in one piece soon enough, and we'll compensate you for the time we've used once we have some money. I'd suggest you start keeping track of time if you want to be paid the right amount. In the meantime your body will be well taken care of, we have an array of superpowers to deploy for its protection.

No toothpick, we are not a fairy, but we could be your mother, if you wanted us to.
>>
No. 751750 ID: d38986

Hello Mister Erin.

We are your headvoices.

You went so insane from the sheer supernatural overload that your brain has more than one personality now. We'll hold onto the revelations in your head, you just focus on making pretty pictures.

And we've been busy getting yelled at for trying to kill the monster girl in the corner. I really suggest not doing that. Because the girl hid some #$%^ING HUGE MUSCLES under that shirt. Please don't get us punched in the face.

Just play nice and we'll go see a doctor when we get out of this death-house. First things first, say hello to the leaking bone construct, Toothpick. Then you need to duct-tape her wounds before she bleeds out.
>>
No. 751764 ID: a107fd

Y'know, in Scottish folklore there wasn't much of a distinction between ghosts and fairies.

Congratulations, Toothpick! Your original fairy godmother was late for work too many times, the Chief pulled her off the case and told her to turn in her badge. We're the replacement. You've been a good girl all this time, waiting patiently, so today you get to go on an adventure! Have you ever been outside the house?
>>
No. 751767 ID: 2a7417

Exorcise is very bad for your heart, Erin. You see, it beats to our drum now. So just sit back, relax, and try to scream. We're the only ones who will hear you.
>>
No. 751798 ID: a606da
File 147589224364.png - (469.82KB , 800x600 , pq68.png )
751798

>Can. Can we use alter perception to make her see fairy wings on us?

Error: Spirit Command not yet powerful enough to perform the requested action. Alter Perception must first be improved through use.

>Hey Erin how do you feel about hugging adorable things?

:hosterinnormal: “Uh… I’m generally a fan, I guess? Hold on, who said that?”

“Lo, Anna, Erin just woke up.” The Host sighs. “Wait a minute and then come over to help comfort him. We’ll wave you over when he looks like he needs a hug.”

“Good idea.” Anna nods. “I hope he’ll be okay. It’s a rough deal.”

“Thanks, Anna.”

:hosterinspooked:“Why did I just say that? Am I on drugs? Oh, god, I knew those muffins tasted weird!”

>Exorcise is very bad for your heart, Erin. You see, it beats to our drum now.
>don't exorcise us, bro. Okay?
>please don't try to kill us or eject us violently from your body or something.

:hosterinnormal: “Exorcise? Kill you?! Excuse me? I can’t do anything right now. I don’t have my tools set up. God, I can’t think straight… It’s like there are firecrackers going off in my skull.”

>We're a host of ghosts and you're our current host.
>We thought you would be like, unconscious for this... so uh...We're the ghost legion or something, nice ta meet ya and all that...
>Hello, we're a Host of Ghosts, currently possessing you. Sorry about that, and the headache. We didn't mean to cause the latter.
>Hello Erin you're possessed by a swarm of ghosts right now. We are not malevolent, so please don't try to kill us or eject us violently from your body or something.
>Hello Erin, we didn't expect you to wake up so soon, or at all. We're currently borrowing your body, but don't worry, we'll give it back to you in one piece soon enough, and we'll compensate you for the time we've used once we have some money.

:hosterinpained:“Did you say ’ghosts’? Slow down, please… You’re all talking at once, it’s so terribly loud, and my head… my head…

“Congratulations, Toothpick!” For the third time, the Host leans down close to Toothpick. “You've been a good girl all this time, waiting patiently, so today you get to go on an adventure! Have you ever been outside the house?”

Father promised he’d take me outside! I’ve always wanted to go…” Toothpick’s little scythe-arms wiggle excitedly. “I want to see all the houses and fields, and cows and dragons and princesses and sheeps…!

“We could be your mother, if you wanted us to.”

Yes! Please be my mother… I like you.

>Modify Host: Gender Bender. Lil' Miss Bones always wanted a mama, after all.

Activated Spirit Command!

Modify Host - Sex.

Control: 64%


:hosterinsad: “Gah! I don’t feel good! I don’t feel good at all! What is this? What’s happening to me?!”

The Host convulses as fat distribution is rearranged, bones are readjusted, and organs shift, vanish, manifest, and invert. With a few last visceral squelching and cracking sounds, the process comes to a close.

Emotional Spike: Terror. Host Spirit has lost some Control.

Sensory Spike: Mutilation. Host Spirit has lost all Control.

Control: 100%


:hostkinneretsad:“Holy shit! What are you doing to him?!”

…Magic!” Toothpick stares at the Host, awestruck. “You really are my fairy godmother…

:hosterinspooked:“What is that thing on the floor?!”

>say hello to the leaking bone construct, Toothpick.
>Erin, this is toothpick, a humunculus. she is very shy but acts very sweet so be nice.
>Looks she's some kind of zombie-construct! You're interested in those, right?
>And no exorcising either!

:hosterinangry:“Zombie, construct, homunculus, whatever it is, it’s horrible! Get it the hell away from me!”

>We are your headvoices. You went so insane from the sheer supernatural overload that your brain has more than one personality now.

:hosterinsad:“No… I’m not crazy. I can’t be crazy! But… I’m so confused. I just need a second to process all of - ”

>ERIN THIS IS THE VOICE OF GOD STOP JACKING IT TO MONSTER MUSUME

:hosterinpained:“God? ‘Monster Musume’? What is that, even? You’re so loud… I don’t… Please, give me a moment to - ”

>just sit back, relax, and try to scream. We're the only ones who will hear you.

:hosterinpained:“All of you, please… please, just…”
>>
No. 751799 ID: a606da
File 147589232014.png - (384.06KB , 800x600 , pq69.png )
751799

“Just shut up and let me think!

Activated Host Command!

Translocate Spirit - ‘[undefined]’

Translocate Spirit - ‘[undefined]’

Self Control: 80%

>>
No. 751800 ID: a606da
File 147589238670.png - (475.88KB , 800x600 , pq70.png )
751800

Possession complete!

Host: Lorinda Ortega

Translocation via Spiritual Medium: Control cost negated.

Control: 100%

Host Awareness: Off


Ow!” Anna sits up, rubbing her head. “What on earth just happened?”
>>
No. 751801 ID: a606da
File 147589243532.png - (465.04KB , 800x600 , pq71.png )
751801

“…Oh!” Kinneret looks down at herself, surprised. “Well, this is different.”

Erin collapses instantly, curling up and groaning in pain. After a few seconds, he passes out.

Mother!” Toothpick rushes over to Erin, ineptly shaking him with her tiny limbs. “Please, no… Don’t die, mother! Please don’t die…
>>
No. 751805 ID: 28ce99

Well, that happened.

We're over here, Toothy. We were just possessing that man.
>>
No. 751806 ID: 37f049

Host Awareness: On

Hi sorry we got switched somehow.
>>
No. 751807 ID: ba506f

huh...well that could have gone better...also who thought it was a good idea to change the guys gender again?

But uh, yeah. So other then getting kicked out and forced into the nearest available host did that do anything else to us?

Also Kin, how are you doing.

Oh and I'm going to vote we let Lo sleep for now and we can wake him once everyone one has calmed down... mainly toothpick. I just really don't want to deal with more then one panicking person at a time if it can be avoided.
>>
No. 751808 ID: 398fe1

>>751801
Welp sorry Lo, this wasn't our choice this time. It's possible for us to switch to Toothpick. We might do that soon, but I'm not sure it'll be good for your body for us to jump out quickly. You saw what happened to Anna. Though I suppose we'll take your opinion into consideration. Do you want us to
hmmm... interesting. I think when we were possessing Kinneret, we were suppressing her ghost powers, and the control percentage was directly related to it. That's why Erin woke up and was able to take direct action after we got to 100%.

Um, Kinneret, how angry do you think Erin will be when he wakes up? He said he can't do his exorcism stuff without his tools, did he bring those with him? Safety first, we should confiscate the tools if he has them. We should also get his body away from Toothpick so he doesn't strike out at her when he wakes up either.

Toothpick, don't worry, we're still here. Your godmother is a host of ghosts! We'll be moving from body to body. Maybe even to your body!
>>
No. 751809 ID: 3abd97

We're okay, Toothpick. Erin got upset we magic-ed his body and kicked us out. We're in Lo now. Sorry if that's confusing, but we're a fairy ghost. We don't have our own body, so we have to share and borrow from other people.

Kinneret, Anna, you two okay?

>Host Awareness: Off
Host Awareness on, please. And apologize to Lo. We didn't mean to do that, Erin threw us out. Guess exorcists can do that.

>problem
Erin's not exactly happy with us, but we can't just leave him an the mercy of any of the less friendly things in this house.
>>
No. 751810 ID: 86cf98

>>751807
If we do that, we are going to have to lie. Anna is going to probably want to talk to Lo. I vote to get him back in the conversation so that he trusts us more. As of right now, Lo and Anna don't really like us, and I'm assuming that we just burned the bridge to Erin's trust.

Also fuck Erin is in control. He might flip and like banish toothpick to the shadow realm or some shit.
>>
No. 751814 ID: 595d54

"Hi, Erin. Sorry about that, we got excited about the homunculus. How're you doing? Anything you want to ask us?"
>>
No. 751816 ID: 6af3c1

Epic win for Erin. Let him have his nappy with Miss Toothpick.

... Also, use any spare duct tape on Toothpick's scythes. We do not want her to slice up anyone by accident, especially if she has poison glands.

Check on the barricade for a few seconds. You need to figure out a way to quickly activate or deactivate the barricade, so that you can open and close the door at your leisure. Enhance Muscles might help. Then you can find the right portal connection to somewhere away from The Entity, at least for a while. If you escape, find a campsite and don't go near any doors until you see monsters.

For now, let's practice spells while we wait for Erin to wake up. There might not be a good opportunity to increase our spell usage after we get out of this mess. Plus we can give Toothpick a show!
>>
No. 751818 ID: 91ee5f

WHICH ONE OF YOU DUMBASS IDIOTS THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO SWITCH ERIN'S GENDER?!?! NOT COOL!!!!! NO MORE GENDER SWITCHING!!!!! D-:<

Hopefully, that'll wear off and he'll go back to normal.....
>>
No. 751823 ID: 71d443

Emulate host before Erin suspects anything.
Is everybody who's anybody still in the right body? Take a headcount.

Keep host awareness OFF. Using Emulate Host, we can pretend to be Lo *and* not-Lo at the same time and appear perfectly convincing. We can *sigh* wake him and fill him in on the details later, since we threw subtlety out the window right after Anna walked through the door.
>>
No. 751828 ID: fef726

Holy shit no. We are not going to keep Lo in a sensory deprivation chamber.

Host Awareness ON
>>
No. 751835 ID: 79a07e

Yeah no, click Host Awareness back on.

Lo, sorry, apparently Erin's got a bit more kick to him than you guys. He booted us out. How, I dunno, and it's probably not healthy to emulate.

Okay, so goals right now are.

One, duct tape up Toothpick. Poor thing needs it.

Two, figure out what is UP with writerzombie man; Toothpick might be able to help with getting info after said patching.

Three- I just had an idea. We've shown we can go outside. Why don't we just leave for now, get weapons and gear that's ACTUALLY CONDUCTIVE TO FIGHTING ZOMBIES AND ELDRITCH HORRORS, and THEN come back, and we can be a lot more comfortable in terms of exploring the mansion since we'll have actual arms and defenses.

Seriously, I just realized this, but we SUPER shouldn't be typical horror movie leads. Screw that. Come back strapped, or at least with heavy bludgeons and sharp objects.

And we're bringing Toothpick. No ifs, ands, or buts.
>>
No. 751837 ID: fef726

Also, please no more major body mods unless emergencies. Our abilities is literal flesh sculpting and they do not come with painkillers. Erin just passed out from the pain of it.
>>
No. 751838 ID: 79a07e

>>751837
Agreed.
>>
No. 751839 ID: 398fe1

>>751837
I don't think that is the case. Erin seemed to be having problems before it and did not complain about bodily pain afterwards. He said he didn't feel good. That's nowhere near the pain that should have occurred if it was capable of causing pain.
>>
No. 751842 ID: a107fd

Host Awareness: On.

Soliloquy: Hello again, Lo! Sorry 'bout that, wasn't our call this time, long story, something to do with "translocation," we'll explain once the help file loads. First, though, just found out that we can temporarily, yet comprehensively, alter our host body's biological sex. Just thought I should mention in case that's, y'know, something you might like to try out, as long as we're here. Not gonna be judgemental either way. We know as well as anybody how much it can suck not having the body you'd prefer.

Out loud: Sorry about that, Toothpick. Not dying. We're just over here now. Fairy godmother problems, you'll understand when you're older. As a first step toward adventure, could you draw us a map of everywhere you've already been?
>>
No. 751850 ID: 213ff6

holy shit, They tore us our of their head literally! If it wasn't so detrimental to us, I'd say That's fucking awesome. Anyway...Yeah, Were okay, sorry lo, Auto-Awareness shutdown happened, ...So...This night just keeps getting weirder...Oh! We should ask what the date it was when erin came in, Because...things are already weird going on, There may or may not be time shenanegans too.
>>
No. 751856 ID: 16bb01

Yeah definitely turn on host awareness. And oh my god why the hell did we do that??!!? Who thinks it's a good idea to swap someone's sex without warning or consent?! If I thought it was a thing we could actually do I'd start a vote to exile but SERIOUSLY. SO NOT OKAY.
I guess we all need to read more carefully. >_<

>>751799
>host command
>self control 80%

Okay so Erin can do Commands too apparently. Wonder if that's unique to him or just nobody else hit the right combination yet.

Also, what happens as his Self Control goes down...?
>>
No. 751906 ID: 213ff6

>>751856
what they said.
>>
No. 751918 ID: cb4760

Fun fact-Spirit Mediums can kick us out. Or maybe that's just a general Host power? Either way, we really need someone to teach him what's what. Oh yeah, also need to explain about the whole 'friendly ghosts' thing...And uhh, hope our spirit command wears off or he lets us back in.
>>
No. 751920 ID: 71d443

>>751918
Spirit effects are temporary, they'll turn off by themselves. And it refilled our control meter to the brim, too. Control doesn't seem so hard to replenish anymore.
Attempting to re-inhabit an exorcist with newly-discovered spooky powers seems like a bad idea. Back to a limited window of existence on this earth, then. Ugh, how typically mortal.

Speaking of, how's Jacobi doing? Does it feel like their possession of a new host is still permanent? The two of them may be able to work out a longer-running agreement that both parties can agree to, given Jacobi's previously exhibited powers of relinquishing control over the body.

What happens when someone exposed to the void loses self control? Something must be moving in from the void...
>>
No. 751926 ID: 18c950

So Erin's unconscious for the moment. Probably for the best? Maybe he won't wake up for the probably-equally-painful process of turning MALE again in a few minutes. That'd be nice.

Wake up Lo, damage control all around, apologize to KINNERET for having to ride shotgun during that whole sex-change fiasco. Seriously, we need way less altering-host-without-permission in here.
>>
No. 751928 ID: 398fe1

>>751926
We can't gain control if we ask for permission every time. We have to spook/disturb whoever we're possessing to gain control.

Well, maybe we can make them very very happy? That's a lot harder though.
>>
No. 751930 ID: 398fe1

I just realized that red voice is probably the "God" mentioned in the book.
>>
No. 751931 ID: 91ee5f

As soon as Lo is back, I'm gonna try to break the ice by telling him a pun. "Well, Lo and behold, we're back!"

".....yeah, sorry about that. I mean, I'm sorry about coming back. I'm not sorry for the pun."
>>
No. 751938 ID: 9dc26d

I want to drive! Stick the host's arms out like we're driving a car, levitate the host so he's sitting in mid-air, have him put his foot to the imaginary gas pedal, and let's vroom zoom around the room!

Beep beep, honk the horn! Observe the speed limit! Watch out for jaywalkers!
>>
No. 751945 ID: 9dc26d

"Oh hey, Erin's not wearing a bra."
>>
No. 751946 ID: 6c25ef

>>751938
I don't have any better ideas than this. Safe to say there's no more optimal course of action.
>>
No. 751951 ID: 71d443

>>751946
Sure, take this moment to improve our Levitate command. Take Toothpick with you in the car.
>>
No. 751973 ID: 094652

>>751931
GET OFF THE STAGE, YOU HACK.
>>
No. 751976 ID: 91ee5f

>>751973
NEVAH!!! YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!!!
>>
No. 751988 ID: a606da
File 147601100425.png - (491.82KB , 800x600 , pq72.png )
751988

>Emulate host before Erin suspects anything.

Spirit Command already active. As it has an indefinite duration, Emulate Host will remain active until deactivated.

“Kin, how are you doing?”

“I’m a little startled, but fine overall. Good, actually. I mean, hey, I work at something for years, and then, when I’m not even trying, boom! Here I am, out of the blue - and out of Erin.” Kinneret stands up shakily. “So, I’m Anna now? Huh. It feels strange to be a person a few minutes after meeting them. Strange for me, anyway. I imagine you’re probably used to it.”

“Anna, you okay?”

“No idea. She’s not in here right now.” Kinneret shrugs. “I think it’s like how I was with Erin. She’s asleep, and when she’s awake, she’ll be in complete control until I put her back to sleep. While she’s awake, I won’t be able to talk to her, but I’ll experience everything she feels, thinks, and does. I could switch with her, if you’d like. She’d probably appreciate being filled in.”

“Sorry you had to ride shotgun for that whole gender-changing fiasco.”

“Uh, yeah, what was up with that?” Kinneret raises an eyebrow. “I mean, don’t get me wrong, it was… interesting, but I’m not sure what the point of it was.”

>Host Awareness: On

:hostlospooked:“Gah! What the - ?!”

>Welp sorry Lo, this wasn't our choice this time.
>We didn't mean to do that, Erin threw us out. Guess exorcists can do that.
>Lo, sorry, apparently Erin's got a bit more kick to him than you guys. He booted us out. How, I dunno, and it's probably not healthy to emulate.
>sorry lo, Auto-Awareness shutdown happened

:hostlonormal:“Oh. Um… okay. If you didn’t have control over it, I guess it’s fine. Thanks for letting me out, at least.”

>First, though, just found out that we can temporarily, yet comprehensively, alter our host body's biological sex.

:hostlosarcastic:“Yeah, I saw what you did to Erin. That was pretty fucked up, by the way.”

>Just thought I should mention in case that's, y'know, something you might like to try out, as long as we're here. Not gonna be judgmental either way. We know as well as anybody how much it can suck not having the body you'd prefer.

:hostlonormal:“Huh? Oh, right… you said you could read my mind, earlier. I guess you already know. Well, if it’s temporary, it won’t help me much, and I’m not sure what it would even do to someone like me. It’s kind of you to offer, though. Thanks.”

…Mother…” Toothpick sobs. “Don’t leave me, mother…

“Sorry about that, Toothpick. We’re over here now. We were possessing that man, but he got upset that we magic-ed his body, and he kicked us out.” The Host stands up, waving. “We’re not dying. It’s just fairy godmother problems. You’ll understand when you’re older.”

You’re my fairy godmother?” Toothpick’s confused gaze shifts between Erin and the Host. “But… I thought…

“Your godmother is a host of fairy ghosts. We don’t have our own body, so we have to share and borrow from other people. We’ll be moving from body to body. Maybe even to your body!”

…My body?” Toothpick seems disconcerted. “Oh… of course, I would give you anything, godmother… but that sounds so scary.

“Oh, sweetheart…” Kinneret smiles, making her way over to the worried little creature. “It’s okay. You don’t have to do anything right now, I promise.”

Are you my fairy godmother, too?

“Yeah. Well, sort of.” Kinneret furrows her brow. “Huh. That’ll get confusing, won’t it? Oh, I’ve got an idea: Toothpick, I’ll be your mother, and they’ll be your fairy godmother, okay? They’re more magical than I am, anyway.”

…Okay.” Toothpick nods, then hesitantly puts one of her limbs forward. It’s leaking heavily. “I’m hurt, mother.

The Host immediately moves to get the duct tape from where it fell from Erin’s hand, but Kinneret races forward and manages to grab it first. She grins victoriously at the Host, tauntingly sticks out her tongue, and then returns to Toothpick and begins to bandage her.

“All done!” After covering all of the damaged joints with duct tape, Kinneret gently pats Toothpick’s scythe-arm. “You were a very good girl, Toothpick. You held perfectly still, and only flinched a little, even when it must have hurt a lot. Do you know what that means?”

Um…” Toothpick thinks for a moment, and then notices that Kinneret has something hidden behind her back. Toothpick squeals with excitement. “Candy!

“That’s right!” Kinneret laughs, tossing Toothpick a few lollipops and taffies. Toothpick immediately gobbles the candies off the floor, making happy little gurgling sounds as she does so.

:hostlohappy:“Okay, I admit it: The tiny abomination is pretty cute. I’m glad we opened the door for her.”
>>
No. 751989 ID: a606da
File 147601121221.png - (384.66KB , 800x600 , pq73.png )
751989

“Ugh…” Erin sits up, looking pretty ill. “What happened? Oh, no, did I black out? Dang, that usually only happens at night…”

“Erin?” Kinneret stares at her old host with a strange expression on her face. “Wait, you’re still a…”

“Still a what?” Erin blinks. “Man, my throat hurts. I feel like I just coughed up a kidney.”

“You don’t remember?”

“The last thing I remember is telling Lo about my awesome camera. It’s just a confusing blur after that. Wait, where is my camera? Did I drop it?”

“Oh, hey, Erin’s not wearing a bra.” The Host points.

“Uh, excuse me? No, of course I’m not wearing a bra!” Erin scoffs. “Why would I b-?”
>>
No. 751990 ID: a606da
File 147601126548.png - (400.36KB , 800x600 , pq74.png )
751990

>>
No. 751992 ID: a606da
File 147601146211.png - (443.28KB , 800x600 , pq75.png )
751992

“Camera. Camera! Where is my camera?!” Erin scrambles onto his hands and knees, desperately searching. He quickly finds and snatches up the camera from the floor nearby, where it had fallen. “Yes! Holy shit, holy shit, holy shit!

“Erin, how are you doing?” The Host asks.

“How do you think I’m doing?!”

“Oh, god.” Kinneret bites her lip. “Do you at least feel okay, Erin?”

“Are you kidding me?” Erin cackles madly. “I’m not ‘okay’, I’m fantastic!

“…What?” Kinneret and the Host exchange confused looks.

“Shh, shh!” Erin puts a finger to his grinning lips. “Keep it quiet, for future generations!”

Kinneret is, obligingly enough, speechless.

“Ahem!” Erin clears his throat, then holds his camera up, pointing the lens down at himself. Hands shaking with anticipation, he clicks the ‘record’ button. “Ladies, gentlemen, children and animals - all viewers of this video, whoever and wherever you may be! I am Erin Lesper, paranormal investigator, demonologist, demon hunter, and junior exorcist. Gaze upon me in wonderment, for, not minutes ago, I was a man; but like the Greek prophet Tiresias, I have been altered - no, transformed! - and am now the individual you rest your eyes upon. Behold! My voice, my biology, everything about me: female! Without a doubt, the cause of this unbelievable change is something far beyond scientific understanding, and I, Erin Lesper, am thus evidence of a greater and more incredible universe than humanity has ever before dreamed of! For your benefit, I shall now document my new form in excruciating detail.”

“Erin, what the hell are you doing?!” Kinneret dashes frantically, barely managing to stop Erin from dropping his pants. “Have you lost your mind?!”

“Anna, quit interrupting the video!” Erin yelps. “Come on! I’m making history, here!”

“History?! You’re about to start stripping in front of people, while on camera! Hold on to your dignity, man!”

“Who cares about dignity? I’m a woman!”

Wow. Did you really just say that?”

“Oh, um… sorry.” Erin coughs, embarrassed. “You know what I mean. It’s not the fact that I am a woman, it’s that I became a woman!"

“And, what, you’re fine with that?”

“No, it’s deeply distressing and traumatic on multiple levels, but you know what else it is?” Erin starts blithely wiggling his shoulders from side to side, beaming with unrestrained glee. “It’s impossible! A person’s entire body completely changing shape over the course of a few minutes?! It’s never happened, and it couldn’t happen, but it happened! It happened to me! I’m going to be famous! You’re going to be famous, just for being here when it happened!”

“Erin, please.” Kinneret lightly shakes Erin by his shoulders. “Calm down.”

“Why should I? It’s the happiest day of my life!” Erin bursts into manic laughter. “From the interviews alone, not even taking into consideration all the scientific and supernatural studies, I’m going to be super rich!

"Is that really all that matters to you?"
>>
No. 751993 ID: a606da
File 147601157118.png - (519.03KB , 800x600 , pq76.png )
751993

“Pretty much, yeah! I mean, I still need to find a ghost and exorcise it to get my full exorcist certification, but, hey, how hard could that be? I decided to come here, didn’t I? Think about it: the very first place I try looking for supernatural activity, and I turn into a girl! I mean, I thought I might see some blinking lights or, if I was lucky, hear some tapping in the walls, but I must have had - I don’t know - a sixth sense, or some subconscious awareness. I’m, like, the most observant paranormal investigator ever!

>I want to drive! Stick the host's arms out like we're driving a car, levitate the host so he's sitting in mid-air, have him put his foot to the imaginary gas pedal, and let's vroom zoom around the room!
>I don't have any better ideas than this. Safe to say there's no more optimal course of action.
>Sure, take this moment to improve our Levitate command. Take Toothpick with you in the car.
>we can give Toothpick a show!

Activated Spirit Command!

Levitation - ‘Lo’.

Levitation - ‘Toothpick’.

Control: 90%


“Yeah, Erin.” Kinneret sighs. “You sure are.”
>>
No. 751995 ID: fef726

You asked about why Erin is now a woman? Some of us thought that since Toothpick wanted a mom, they should give her one. Presto-Chango.

Some people have no self-control.
>>
No. 751997 ID: 18c950

>>751995
If we're going to say this to Kinneret, could we at least, like... whisper it?

No wait, maybe this is a perfect chance to try Alter Perception! Let's just make it so when we say things specifically referencing ourselves or Kinneret running around in or otherwise doing spooky-ghost-powers stuff with people's bodies, Erin doesn't notice that we're talking!
>>
No. 751998 ID: 094652

"Erin this only lasts about 60 seconds. All the traumatic supernatural stuff that happened to US lasted that long.

And if you fap in front of a baby homunculus I will kick you in the taco. SIT IN THE CORNER."

Also, please make sure toothpick doesn't chop her hair off. Something tells me it doesn't grow back.

Try to keep up what's left of the masquerade. In places like these, having a pseudo-skeptic means a higher defense against magic attacks. Basically, Erin's incorrect beliefs in how the magic system works (plus ours) may throw wrenches in said magic system. Might help.
>>
No. 752003 ID: c441c1

"Beep beep!"
>>
No. 752006 ID: 71d443

>>751995
Toothpick wanted a mom, Jacobi wanted a woman's body, and now both problems are solved!
Some people have no self-preservation.

Lo, are you feeling... okay? I'm getting a ghostly blinking light on our imaginary car dashboard.
>>
No. 752010 ID: 3abd97

>>751993
So Erin, theoretically you'd be fine with a benign spirit if they agreed to help you prove any of this was real to the outside world?

If (s)he agrees, maybe we should bring him in on the loop. Hello, we're ghosts. We need to work together to try and get out of here, cause the house doesn't want to let us leave. The doors out are gone.
>>
No. 752018 ID: a107fd

Use Alter Perception to conceal Toothpick from Erin. Gotta get the practice in before we can do fairy wings.

So, Lo... if Erin's gender-swap doesn't wear off in a few minutes, I think that would mean we could modify your body in arbitrary (physiologically-stable) ways, then make the effect functionally permanent by moving back to Anna before it reverts. If so, what kind of 'equipment' would you prefer? Not just down south, either, this could include super muscles like we did before, or armored skin, or... I dunno, maybe a third eye in your forehead that can see ultraviolet light and supernatural stuff. Get creative.

This could also, if it actually is long-term stable, pretty much take care of the money issue. Last I checked genital reconfiguration surgery goes for about $23,000 and isn't covered by most US health plans. Our thing would provide strictly superior results, with no overhead costs apart from finding customers.
>>
No. 752041 ID: 18c950

Hey, infodump redtext... how does Stress Capacity work for Alter Perception? Is that number of Alter Perceptions we can maintain, or number of Alter Perceptions per target? Also what's the duration? Or if it's a maintained power, the cost interval?
>>
No. 752058 ID: 16bb01

I have nothing to contribute right now but this is best quest.
>>
No. 752157 ID: 398fe1

>>751997
>using alter perception to keep Erin from noticing ghost stuff
That is perfect and I really hope we can do it.
>>
No. 752182 ID: 9dc26d

>>752018
It probably isn't stable. Yet.

>>751988
You know, Lo, obviously there's ways to make permanent stuff, like Toothpick. It's not unreasonable to think there's a solution to making a change permanent.

Toothpick said she was born in the basement, so the tools to make a permanent enchantment to flesh and bone are probably there.

But it's probably super scary down there, and I bet it's a no parking zone. So... maybe we can just practice? We can get better and better at making changes last longer. Maybe there'll be a day when it'll last longer than a natural lifespan.
>>
No. 752187 ID: 91ee5f

We should probably let Erin know that no one's gonna believe him. People will look at this footage and say his claims of being turned into a girl is just him putting on makeup and putting something in his shirt to give himself boobs. Or they'll say he's got really good video editing skills. Taking off his clothes and showing off his new body will just make anyone watching think it's a poorly made porno. And if he shows his closest friends his new body, they'll think he went crazy and got a sex change for some reason.

So, unfortunately, anything he records here will just be dismissed as his desperate attempt to try and trick people into giving him money for making a "discovery".

Although, there might be someone that believes him. But what if his video gives someone else the idea to come here and they don't have any sort of exorcist powers and they end up getting killed by a ghost? Would Erin be able to handle the burden of knowing that his video is responsible for someone else getting killed because they tried to do what he did?
>>
No. 752216 ID: 69ff52

>>751993
"Beep Beep!"
>>
No. 752492 ID: a107fd

Does "the emptiness writhing underneath the skin of the world" have any more notes in the redtext help file? That sounds important.
>>
No. 753053 ID: a5f9be

>>751993
>"the pioneers used to ride these babies for miles!"
>>
No. 753122 ID: e65391

"You're going to go out and make a mint on this? The door outside is gone. There's no way out. You willingly walked into a horrible deathtrap filled with ghosts and abominations from some sort of person who wants to override god, and you think you can just casually get out like it's nothing?

There's a reason that there's so many ghosts here. And if you don't take things seriously and help us come up with a plan to escape that doesn't involve glancing over the actual get-out-of-the-house bit, and picking your battles wisely, you're just going to end up trapped here like the rest of the restless dead."

"..."

"Beep beep!"
>>
No. 761015 ID: c93492

Bump? Is OP still alive?
>>
No. 761028 ID: db0da2

>>761015
Don't bump without a suggestion. Don't worry, Idiom just takes a while between bursts of activity.
>>
No. 773569 ID: a606da
File 148494044662.png - (392.59KB , 800x600 , pq77.png )
773569

>Does "the emptiness writhing underneath the skin of the world" have any more notes in the redtext help file? That sounds important.

Like a sun, but without light, though brighter in terms of absolute value. Like a sun, it gives life, but it is not a sun, nor a daughter, nor a god. It consumes all these things, for it must sate its gutless hunger, and it must bind an appetite decided in the craving of others. A child, perhaps, or a great mouth in its entirety, a maw of half-formed shapes which dances in and out of the shadows. Shadows, yes, shadow is the word! It is never fully there, nor ever truly absent; It is a deity cast only by reflection.

Would you like to learn more about the Writhing Vacuity?


>how does Stress Capacity work for Alter Perception? Is that number of Alter Perceptions we can maintain, or number of Alter Perceptions per target? Also what's the duration? Or if it's a maintained power, the cost interval?

Er-Erro#k#ee#p##h#er##sa#f#e##r.

A Spirit Command has been improved through [error]! Alter Perception’s Stress Capacity has been increased to 3.0, and Alter Perception’s Cost Interval has been increased to three minutes. This will apply to all future activations of the ability.

The specific target of a Spirit Command is irrelevant to that Spirit Command’s Stress Capacity. The Stress Capacity of a Spirit Command is the number of instances which that specific Spirit Command can have active at one time before endangering the Host.


Activated Spirit Command!

Alter Perception of ‘Paranormal Activity’ - ‘Erin’.

Alter Perception of ‘Toothpick’ - ‘Erin’.

Control: 80%


“Beep beep!” The Host announces cheerily. “The pioneers used to ride these babies for miles!”

“Huh? What was that?!” Erin looks up at the Host. His eyes glaze over. “Oh, it’s just you, Lo. My mistake.”

>Lo, are you feeling... okay? I'm getting a ghostly blinking light on our imaginary car dashboard.

:hostlonormal: “Huh? Actually, now that you mention it, I am feeling a bit queasy. Why do you ask?”

>You know, Lo, obviously there's ways to make permanent stuff, like Toothpick. It's not unreasonable to think there's a solution to making a change permanent.

:hostlosarcastic:“I’m a little grossed out by having Toothpick brought up in relation to my crotch.”

>So, Lo... if Erin's gender-swap doesn't wear off in a few minutes, I think that would mean we could modify your body in arbitrary (physiologically-stable) ways, then make the effect functionally permanent by moving back to Anna before it reverts. If so, what kind of 'equipment' would you prefer?

:hostlothinking:“Yikes. That’s a hell of a question. The obvious choice would be a more functional, uh, downstairs area, but… man, I need some time to think about this.”

>maybe we can just practice? We can get better and better at making changes last longer. Maybe there'll be a day when it'll last longer than a natural lifespan.

:hostlonormal:“Practice makes perfect? Seriously? I don’t like the idea of being repeatedly used as your test subject.”

Duration expired! Spirit Command: Levitation - ‘Lo’ has been deactivated.

Duration expired! Spirit Command: Levitation - ‘Toothpick’ has been deactivated.

A Spirit Command has been improved through usage! Levitation’s Stress Capacity has been increased to 2.0. This will apply to all future activations of the ability.


The Host falls to the floor, landing neatly and quickly catching Toothpick as she drops out of the air.

…That was scary… but also fun… I want to go again, godmother! Can you please make me fly again?

Duration expired! Spirit Command: Modify Host - Sex has been deactivated.

A Spirit Command has been improved through usage! Modify Host’s Stress Capacity has been increased to 3.0. This will apply to all future activations of the ability.


“Ow!” Erin yelps, hugging himself. His insides churn and bulge in meaty clumps underneath the skin. “What?! Am I - am I going back to normal?! Please, not yet! I still need more documentation!”

Error: Deactivation of Spirit Command: Modify Host - Sex has been interrupted by Host Command: Usurp Ability.

Subject has renewed duration of Modify Host using Self Control to pay the Spirit Command’s Control Cost.


“…Ugh.” Erin pants. “I think I made it stop. My vision’s a little blurry, though.”

“God, Erin, why didn’t you let yourself turn back?” Kinneret frowns. “You might not get another chance.”

“Shut up.” Erin violently spins himself around to face her. “I already told you, I need more evidence! I’m going to be famous, understand?!”

“What’s wrong with you?!” Kinneret backs away. “Erin, your eye - !”

“My eye? What is…? Mhhh… mh… hhh… My eye is fine. I’m fine!” Erin grunts, frenetically twitching from side to side. “You keep trying to ruin this, Anna! Don’t you want me to be rich? I bet you’re just jealous!”

“…Jealous?” Kinneret narrows her eyes. “There’s no way I’d ever be jealous of you. I know exactly what you have, Erin. Trust me. I’ve had it all, and I never wanted any of it.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?!” Erin grimaces. “You don’t know anything about me, so stop acting like you do! Heck, I don’t know you, either! It’s a pretty big coincidence that the two of you were here when this happened. Are you government agents, trying to cover things up?!”

“What did you do to him?” Kinneret leans over and mutters just quietly enough that the Host can hear her.

“What was that?!” Erin hisses, his eyes darting wildly between the Host and Kinneret. “What did you just whisper? What are you planning? Stay away from me! I’ll fight you if I have to! I can hit a girl, now, so don’t think I won’t!”
>>
No. 773577 ID: 398fe1

>>773569
Rude. Ok, let's go, Lo.
>>
No. 773578 ID: 0555b9

Slap him out of it. Actually, just slap him.
>>
No. 773581 ID: ba506f

>What did you do to him?
other then the gender change nothing, he stopped it himself and now is taking a trip to see the mad hatter.

Uh, Erin. if you're looking for evidence you really should check out your eye because holy crap that doesn't look natural. As for the whispering... basically us agreeing on this is how horror movies start. As for why we're here, because of a dare. And don't go all conspiracy nut on us now because that's the truth and if you don't want to accept that and turn this into a thing I will smack you.
>>
No. 773582 ID: 91ee5f

>>773581
>this is how horror movies start.
And right now, you're playing the part of the guy that goes crazy and tries to kill everyone.
>>
No. 773583 ID: 4105e8

There wasn't anyone else in there, right? I have two hypotheses, he might just be more susceptible to his instincts with lower self control, or he there might some kind of ambient malignant force in the mansion that's trying to take over.

The first step is to calm him down. Make sure Kinneret stops talking, she seems to have a talent for acting suspiciously. Ask him to take deep breaths and think rotationally, if he's already changed sexes then there's probably spooky magic junk in here to make all of us rich and famous. Step two is to get him to stop being a woman before he drives himself insane. We could reveal our true nature, but that has a lot of potential to backfire. We'll probably need something obviously magical that we can take out of the mansion, maybe the book?
>>
No. 773587 ID: a107fd

>>773569
>Would you like to learn more
Lemme cut you off right there, Clippy. You keep asking "would you like the full definition of this terrifying new vocabulary," but the answer is never going to be "nah, we'd rather stumble around blind and ignorant." You'd better just keep right on wikiwalking through the tutorial until further notice.

Unless doing that would be dangerous for the host's health, in which case A) prioritize information about how to minimize that danger, and B) this is the worst 'help' function ever.

>k#ee#p
>h#er
>sa#f#e
Ambiguous pronoun reference, "her." Could be applied to almost anyone in this room, with varying degrees of accuracy, and billions more outside. Please clarify whose safety needs to be prioritized, and to what end.

>Host Command: Usurp Ability
>Self Control
Any other stats and abilities that mediums are known to have access to?

>eye
"Erin, I'm pretty sure whatever just turned you to a girl is temporary. Was for Teresias, too, right? You're clearly hurting yourself trying to hold onto it. What you need to do now, for the sake of science, is strip naked ASAP so you can capture all the gory details of the reverse transformation on video. That'd be a lot harder to fake, and thus more credible proof."
>>
No. 773591 ID: db0da2

>>773581
Please keep in mind that the spooky eye thing is probably spirit vision, and even if it isn't he still can't actually see his own eye.

>>773587
Seconding basically everything in this post. Maybe don't make it so obvious that we know for sure the change is temporary.
>>
No. 773624 ID: a107fd

>>773591
>Maybe don't make it so obvious that we know for sure the change is temporary.
Lots of conventionally-visible clues pointing to that at this point, including stuff Erin said out loud, and Erin's perceptive and deductive capabilities apparently weren't the best even before comprehensive magical sabotage. Our cover will be fine.

Kinneret and Toothpick both seem to have pretty much 'joined the party' at this point, but Erin is acting like a dangerously unstable NPC, with mysterious capabilities and ridiculous delusions that need to be carefully probed and managed. Accurate predictions should help improve Erin's perception of Lo's credibility on occult issues, which may be important later.

>>750838
>Possess Host - 75% Control Cost (50% if target is a willing host)

Wait, no, this conflicts with direct observation. Moving from Anna to Lo the first time >>677764 dropped us from 84% to 34% control, which is a 50% cost for an unwilling target, and then moving back >>678266 dropped us from 100% to 75%, which is 25% cost for a willing target.
>>
No. 773634 ID: fe0a90

If that eye is what I think it is, Erin may have just given himself moderate brain damage.

... Don't say it 92a560. Just... don't.

Looks like we got a hidden message: "Keep her safe". Considering the caretaker of this house used to have enough sanity to program our dogpile trap, the most likely target is Toothpick. Maybe her father is threatening to keep us alive and then feed us to the boss if we really screw up and kill her?

Paranoia. Any statements will be met with automatic mistrust and irratic questions. But his mind will be hungry for more questions to accuse others. Pummel him with accusations in the right direction, and we can convince him to rationalize us as non-threats controlled by a more important threat.

Erin, what do you want from us? What do you want us to do, march straight into a deathless snuff painter and rip him in half? Don't you think we would have done that already? Are you even using your brain?!
>>
No. 773635 ID: a606da

>>773624
Whoops, you're right! My mistake. The actual cost is 50%, with the reduced cost being 25%. Thanks for pointing that out! :)
>>
No. 773640 ID: 5b93d3

>>773569
>Like a sun, but without light, though brighter in terms of absolute value. Like a sun, it gives life, but it is not a sun, nor a daughter, nor a god. It consumes all these things, for it must sate its gutless hunger, and it must bind an appetite decided in the craving of others. A child, perhaps, or a great mouth in its entirety, a maw of half-formed shapes which dances in and out of the shadows. Shadows, yes, shadow is the word! It is never fully there, nor ever truly absent; It is a deity cast only by reflection.

Would you like to learn more about the Writhing Vacuity?

Sounds like a Black Hole.

>Like a sun, but without light
Collapsed star
>though brighter in terms of absolute value
Black holes can pump out huge amounts of X-ray and Gamma radiation
>It consumes all these things, for it must sate its gutless hunger
>a great mouth in its entirety
>Shadows
Big dark thing that eats.
>It is a deity cast only by reflection.