[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
In memory of Flyin' Black Jackson
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 144034275633.png - (124.65KB , 500x500 , BQ title 1.png )
664639 No. 664639 ID: a07ae7

Deep in interstellar space, a massive ship trundles on. A pinnacle of engineering of its kind, its destination is a new home. A home called Borgas IV, a habitable planet of the Borgas system. Will they reach their destination safely? Will doom bar their path? Who knows...
Expand all images
>>
No. 664640 ID: a07ae7
File 144034288986.png - (213.22KB , 500x500 , cryoC6-001.png )
664640

>>664639
Because we're currently focusing on these cryo-pods, located in said spaceship. Here, the members of a race called the Bord wait in cold storage, ready to colonize Borgas IV to the extent of their abilities.
>>
No. 664641 ID: 1cebc8

Do the truffle shuffle.
>>
No. 664642 ID: 6cb462

Can they only wake until they reach their destination, or can we wake up now and mess around the ship?
>>
No. 664643 ID: a07ae7
File 144034316852.png - (281.37KB , 500x500 , cryoC6-002.png )
664643

>>664640
Occasionally, some of them are awoken to temporarily become the skeleton crew of the massive ship, which is largely controlled by the resident Virtual Integrated Robotic Automaton, or VIRA for short. VIRA alone cannot cover all the bases, so to speak, so a rotating skeleton crew is needed for repair, maintenance, and safekeeping the ship.
So yeah, that pod opening should herald the awakening of one such Bord picked from the rest!
>>
No. 664646 ID: a07ae7
File 144034361942.png - (91.47KB , 500x500 , our protagonist, everyone.png )
664646

>>664643
As the cryo-pod finishes the defrosting sequence, VIRA's robotic voice emanates from the onboard speakers. "Good morning, Engineer Hugo Packagebord, ID number 29100009! Time to rise and shine! Have a good bordlin' shift!"

YOU ARE NOW ENGINEER HUGO PACKAGEBORD, ID 29100009

>Wat do?
[] Wake up to our duty cheerfully
[] Wake up groggily, you need Caf-stims
[] Wake up hungrily, you didn't get enough C-bars last shift
[] "Five more minutes, mom..."
[] Dream of Bordian sheep
[] Other (fill in)
>>
No. 664647 ID: 1cebc8

Hugo Packagebord, please do the truffle shuffle until you reach breakfast.
>>
No. 664649 ID: 9297f4

Fooooooooood.....
>>
No. 664654 ID: 6cb462

Ask VIRA what is on the menu.
>>
No. 664656 ID: 3c17ca

>>664646
caff and fooood...ugh...fuck post cryo.
>>
No. 664674 ID: 9f91de

Attempt to wake cheerfully...but probably fail.
>>
No. 664677 ID: ab7529

Dream of Bordian sheep
>>
No. 664679 ID: 874d1f

>focusing on these cryo-pods, located in said spaceship.
I read that as shitspace.

Wake up you lazy fuck you over slept again and you feed the cat and water the vegetables.
>>
No. 664683 ID: 9ddf68

Wake up hungrily, you didn't get enough C-bars last shift
>>
No. 667725 ID: 41bd4b
File 144153677130.png - (186.56KB , 500x500 , cryoC6-003a.png )
667725

You groggily get to your feet. The last few Bordian sheep jumps clear, and the next thing you know, your stomach greets you. In protest.
"Good morning, VIRA. Urgh, I think I missed having a pre-cryo lunch."
"Worry not, Engineer Hugo Packagebord! There should be an emergency rations box to the side of your cryo-pod."
Oh good! You peek to the side of your cryo-pod...
>>
No. 667727 ID: 41bd4b
File 144153731330.png - (67.46KB , 500x500 , cryoC6-003b.png )
667727

>>667725
"What the bordle bord?" You exclaim, as you see the neat little un-container containing your own nonexistent emergency ration. "VIRA, did anyone stole my emergency rations while I was cryo'd?" You inquire in annoyance.
"Hard to tell, Engineer Hugo Packagebord. Shipwide biological scanners did not work for the last three months, among other needed repairs."
Well ain't that peachy.
"VIRA, can you tell me where else I might get a C-bar? I can't do repair work on an empty stomach."
"You can try the habitats' lounge. I wouldn't recommend stealing from another bord in cryo, though, since not only that breaks Bordian Empire laws, it would cause more hungry bord like you."
"Duly noted, VIRA."
>>
No. 667729 ID: 41bd4b
File 144153758318.png - (103.68KB , 500x500 , cryoC6-003c.png )
667729

>>667727
You look around. That's strange - there's supposed to be at least another bord out here acting as the welcoming committee, before they go into cryo themselves - did they just went into cryo without even bothering to wake the next shift?
Then you remember. Thinking makes you hungry.

>Wat do?
[] Go to the habs, get ye nourishment!
[] Go to the maintenance room, maybe you'll run into somebody. Or some tools to help you fix things.
[] Fuck da bord police, break your engineering tools to steal someone else's emergency rations!
[] Or maybe just try and see the rest of the cryo pods near yours - see if anyone else's been woken up?
[] Other (fill in)
>>
No. 667730 ID: 39ce7c

Get to the habs and a decent lunch. You need to think straight. Ask VIRA for the ship's current status on your way. Sounds like something's gone wrong.
>>
No. 667740 ID: d90668

A pilfered ration and no one around means someone is making a mess of things.

That or you are being pranked. Check the nearby pods to see whats up.
>>
No. 667763 ID: 57dfcc

>>667729
Ask Vira why there's no Bord to greet you, and how many other Bords are awake and active.

Go to habs.
>>
No. 667770 ID: e114bc

>>667729
[x] Go to the habs, get ye nourishment!
Fooooooood
>>
No. 667792 ID: 2eeb65

>>667763
Agree with this suggestion.

Ask VIRA about other awake lifeforms on the ship, then go to habs.
>>
No. 667796 ID: f4d940

Look longingly at other bords' emergency ration containers. To make sure they're there. Then go get ye food in the habs.
>>
No. 668018 ID: 8d9368

>>667729
Never try to think hard on no food. It is acceptable to hear status reports, though.
>>
No. 670536 ID: c05eed
File 144267546075.png - (96.85KB , 500x500 , status report 001.png )
670536

With an empty stomach, you briefly considered looking into the other cryo-pods' emergency rations, in case they weren't raided - but your stomach grumbled to go on and find real nourishment. Then again, the walk to the habs is kinda long...
"VIRA, give me a status report of the ship, please?" You ask for a diversion from hunger.
"Fine by me! Oxygen levels nominal. Cryo-chem balance maintained. There has been intermittent hull breach reports, some places need a more permanent fix. And as stated before, shipwide biological sensors are down."
Oh great, you think, more maintenance work! Well it's not so bad, you did like fixing things well before you won the C-bar sweepstakes.
>>
No. 670537 ID: c05eed
File 144267574612.png - (92.06KB , 500x500 , status report 002.png )
670537

>>670536
VIRA continues. "Finally, the engine is currently running on 48% capacity, and there was an asteroid warning three weeks ago."
Wait, the engine's only running at 48%? That needs some major fix, otherwise this ship will land in Borgas IV two centuries late!
"What the...?"
As you reach the habitat's lounge area, you see something that agitates you.
>>
No. 670538 ID: c05eed
File 144267636105.png - (97.18KB , 500x500 , loungeC6-001.png )
670538

>>670537
BORD DAMNIT.
Apparently the last shift had a really wild party and did not bother to clean up their mess before they went to cryo. Or any of their duties before they went to cryo, even! Why, the snack dispenser's busted, and the game-stick's not put in its proper place in the entertainment room... that snack machine really irks you, for some reason. Like a burning desire to fix it just happen to bloom in your stomach.
Probably because you're hungry too. Good thing you have your repair kit in one of your toolbelt's pockets.
Anyways, the lounge connects to the bathrooms, the entertainment room, and the sleeping quarters. Your stuff, personal ones stored for the journey, would likely be in one of the sleeping pods, which also double as lockers. You don't remember if you stashed some extra C-bars, though.
>Wat do?
[] Look into your sleeping pod for sustenance
[] Fix the snack machine, maybe there's some C-bars still left inside
[] Check the entertainment room, maybe some of the food's there due to the party
[] Check the bathroom because why not?
[] Fuck it, back to the cryos to nab one of them emergency rations
[] Check inventory, you might have stashed some food but forgot
[] Other (fill in)
>>
No. 670542 ID: 6cb462

fix the machine. I want to see how good of a job you do.
>>
No. 670544 ID: 3c17ca

>>670538
[x] Fix the snack machine, maybe there's some C-bars still left inside
-DO IT! MAKE YOUR DREAMS REAL.
[x] Check the entertainment room, maybe some of the food's there due to the party
-we are already here, takes a second, might find something useful.
[x] Check the bathroom because why not?
-peak in there, because it takes one sec.
[x] Check inventory, you might have stashed some food but forgot
-takes one sec, and we might score while we fix the machine.
>>
No. 670551 ID: 2eeb65

Fix the machine.

Not just for the food, but also to show that you're different than those irresponsible motherborders.
>>
No. 670559 ID: 149da0

>[x] Fix the snack machine, maybe there's some C-bars still left inside
>[x] Check inventory, you might have stashed some food but forgot
We need the food machine working, and it never hurts to know what's in your inventory.

...unless you're carrying a cursed object that only hurts if you're aware of it or something.
>>
No. 680169 ID: 49f885
File 144621622053.png - (92.26KB , 500x500 , hard work's merits.png )
680169

Some things come first in your line of duty, and you set out fixing the snack machine. You'll show them that Hugo Packagebord is different from these irresponsible slackers! ...although you do admit you're hoping to find some food for your grumbling stomach, too.

After some hard work using your basic toolkit, you reap the result: four whole C-bars! Ain't that something. The screen's still busted, though, can't do anything about it; but the machine's auto-replenisher should kick in soon.
>>
No. 680170 ID: 49f885
File 144621650702.png - (76.06KB , 500x500 , inventory 001.png )
680170

>>680169
You quickly put the C-bars in your inventory (and one into your stomach). Well, seems that you only packed your basic toolkit with you into cryo, and didn't stash any kind of extra rations - no matter, a C-bar should be stuffed with enough energy for a whole day, blessed be Bordian Nutritional Science!

You do wonder if there's anything else that can help you fix stuff, though. Or anyone else, for that matter.
>>
No. 680173 ID: 49f885
File 144621717023.png - (75.29KB , 500x500 , e-roomC6-001.png )
680173

>>680170
You then enter the entertainment room.
No, seriously, this is the entertainment room, not the bathroom. Bordians usually relax by using VR rooms, and there's three here. Two seem to be vacant, while the middle one seem to be occupied. Annoyingly, more broken stuff and litter are evident - there's a trail of snack wrappers to the occupied room, and someone - or something - has ripped out the ventilation cover over booth #3.
Just what kind of party did these guys have?!?

>Wat do
[] Open booth #2, maybe you'll find the culprit!
[] Open booth #3, inspect the vent from inside the booth
[] Open booth #1, maybe you want to relax a bit before heading out?
[] Check the vent cover, something seems off. No Bordian could reach up to the vent's height.
[] Clean up the mess here and in the lounge. But then again, you're an Engineer, not a Janitor!
[] other (fill in)
>>
No. 680191 ID: 58caf6

>>680173
check the vent and booth 3, then check booth 2. time to get super cereal.
>>
No. 680240 ID: 12b273

>You quickly put the C-bars in your inventory (and one into your stomach)
I'm kind of disappointed the stomach doesn't show up as an inventory slot with a c-bar "equipped" now.

>what do
Check booth 2, you need to make contact with your fellow bords and discover what the reason for this deplorable state of affairs is.

Knock first, give them the benefit of the doubt. There might have been some higher priority that meant allowing these areas to fall into disrepair, or they might be attempting to repair a VR unit now, or using it to look something up.
>>
No. 688875 ID: 980c72
File 145017717906.png - (95.01KB , 500x500 , e-roomC6-002a.png )
688875

You check the vent, and the cover. Since the vent is too high for you to reach, all you can see is the darkness of the vent staring back at you. The cover is more interesting; it seems like it's been punched out from the inside of the vent.

You wonder if there wasn't any party at all, but something else happened. You decide to stick to what you know, and that's potential repairs for the damaged vent.
>>
No. 688878 ID: 980c72
File 145017768397.png - (98.04KB , 500x500 , e-roomC6-002b.png )
688878

>>688875
You enter booth #3 to assess the damage better. Well, that gaping hole is definitely a problem, and the dried sauce on the walls could use some attention - but you're an engineer, not a janitor! You mentally note to get a ladder or something to fix that vent.

Besides that, Booth #3 is vacant. Only two intact cans of sauce detected - on second thought, those might be E-drinks. You mull whether or not to take them as you head over to Booth #2 and knock.
There's a loud mumble from the inside.
>>
No. 688879 ID: 980c72
File 145017801127.png - (110.14KB , 500x500 , e-roomC6-002c.png )
688879

>>688878
You enter the room anyway. The first thing that greets you is a thoroughly P-wrapped Bord in the sim-seat, with a note taped on him. There seems to be an intact C-bar under his seat.

Surprisingly, you find this... mundane. Who knows how many frat parties back at technical school where you woke up taped to some bawdy sim, or been the one to tape up the drunk victim yourself.

In any case, the Bord is still mumbling. Angrily, you correctly deduce.
>Wat do?
[] Cut him loose!
[] Read the note first, there might be a reason he's tied up like this.
[] Shut the sim first.
[] Or maybe open just the mouth-tape first.
[] Silently walk out and shut the door.
[] Other (fill in)
>>
No. 688882 ID: 5ad4a7

>>688878
Unnerving. Someone was in here, and chose to break through the vent to get out? What a display of strength...

>>688879
[] Read the note first, there might be a reason he's tied up like this.
For more information, assuming it's not dangerous to get close to him:
[] Or maybe open just the mouth-tape first.

I suspect some sort of illness has stricken the crew, rendering them violent. This one is tied up and exposed to a sim so that they focus that aggression into the simulation, instead of anyone else.
>>
No. 688999 ID: 15a025

Help the poor lad out and shut the sim off.
>>
No. 689054 ID: 86cfc3

>>688879
Hug note, read bord. You should know what's going on before making further decisions.

If you do decide to extricate the bord, proper procedure would be the shut down the sim first, then remove the bindings. That gives you the opportunity to talk / see what he has to say before untying him.
>>
No. 690097 ID: f56624

>>688879
reaaaaad that note
>>
No. 690118 ID: 891cd9

favicon up for approval in questdis, btw
>>
No. 690119 ID: 0fc976

Open that mouth tape, then stuff some delicious chocolate in.
>>
No. 693182 ID: cf3240

Inspect the monitor, then read note.
>>
No. 693799 ID: 76e051

Read the note, then open mouth-tape.
>>
No. 698043 ID: ea6587
File 145408156011.png - (104.25KB , 500x500 , e-roomC6-003a.png )
698043

Right, obvious things first: check out the note. Unsurprisingly, it said that the guy in wrap is responsible for the snack machine's damages.

That explains the kinda-cruel 'prank'. "Welp, justice served," you talk to no one in particular. The guy just grumbles.

Regardless, taping up his mouth might be a bit too extreme. You move closer to remove the tape.
>>
No. 698045 ID: ea6587
File 145408207201.png - (129.57KB , 500x500 , e-roomC6-003b.png )
698045

>>698043
As soon as the tape comes off, though, you were beset by a torrent of litany, right in your face. And by torrent, you mean it literally. Gobs of spit ride upon raging words, some pinging off your face as the local shower intensifies.

"BORDLE BOR BOR! NO-GOOD, BACKSTABBING PIECE OF GUANO! WHY IF I EVER GET FREE OF THIS DAMNED RESTRAINT, I'LL THROTTLE YOUR NECK LIKE IT WAS RUBBER, CARL HELBORDO! I'LL TEAR YOU LIMB FROM LIMB, THEN DEEP FRY YOU! THEN I'LL-"
>>
No. 698047 ID: ea6587
File 145408256076.png - (96.90KB , 500x500 , e-roomC6-003c.png )
698047

>>698045
Before your face gets too drenched in spit and insults, you quickly take a C-bar and stuff it in their mouth.

"Phew. What was that for?" You say. "And besides, I'm Hugo Packagebord. I don't know this Carl Helbordo you talk about, though."
The torrent muffled, it drizzled down once you've made clear who you are. After some panting, he utters some mumbling that might mean 'oh, sorry about that'.

"So yeah, you still want to get out of that P-wrap?"
He replied in an enthusiastic 'mmph' that could be 'yes'.

>Wat do?
[] Shut off the sim first. No one bord should endure that much fetish porn for who knows how long.
[] Directly open the P-wrap. This may sting a bit.
[] Leave him for later, his anger is scary.
[] Take back the C-bar, it's still wrapped so it's good... you think?
[] Maybe ask him more things first. More info about what happened would be better.
[] Other (fill in)
>>
No. 698051 ID: c45b7e

>>698047
[-] Shut off the sim first. No one bord should endure that much fetish porn for who knows how long.
>He is gonna want the distraction for the Pwrap removal.
[X] Directly open the P-wrap. This may sting a bit.
>try to be careful.
[-] Leave him for later, his anger is scary.
>Nope.
[-] Take back the C-bar, it's still wrapped so it's good... you think?
>He might be hungry ya know, let him eat it.
[X] Maybe ask him more things first. More info about what happened would be better.
>Talk while you work. See below.
[X] Other (fill in)
Make some quick small talk while you work, find out what happened, what his job was, what is going on, etc. Two bords is better than one, at least that is what you learned in school. Besides, if it comes down to it he is one big walking ration...bordle...not that we are cannibals, or would even entertain that thought.
>>
No. 698052 ID: 7a9d08

>>698051
Seconding this.
>>
No. 698068 ID: 15a025

Leave the sim on and rip the wrap off.
>>
No. 698114 ID: a83278

>>698047
Check toolbelt for something to cut the wrap. Also ungag him.
>>
No. 698643 ID: c45b7e

>>698047
chigitty check out the rest of the room.
>>
No. 708836 ID: 426569
File 145788374871.png - (120.10KB , 500x500 , freedom!.png )
708836

Turns out that the wire cutting part of your basic pliers could be used to cut through thick P-wrap.
Well, after some time and effort, that is, but the wrapped bord's free now.
"Whew, thanks for that. Hugo, was it?" He says, with way less vitriol in his voice. "Thanks for leaving the sim-headgear on, I almost fell asleep back there." He says as he removes the sim-headgear from his face.
"No problem. By the way, I haven't got your name yet." You reply.
>>
No. 708837 ID: 426569
File 145788420934.png - (99.60KB , 500x500 , Jan Bordusson joins the party.png )
708837

>>708836
"It's Jan, Jan Bordusson. So you're an engineer, Hugo?"
"Yep, that I am. Good to see another bord, though. Woke up from cryo with nobody else around is kinda creepy."
"Oh, is that so? Well I'm from the Science Division, but I think you're a better companion than them."

Ah, the Science Division! You hear that these guys are the ones that's supposed to science the shit out of Borgas IV when the ship gets there. What said science shit is about, you're kinda vague, but you kinda recall it ranging from studying the native lifeforms (if any even existed), to studying the long-term effects of space travel. So yeah, a different kind of nerd than engineers.

"I'm guessing Carl Helbordo is also from science?"
"Damn right."
"Then sure man, let's roll."

JAN BORDUSSON JOINS THE PARTY!
>>
No. 708840 ID: 426569
File 145788474974.png - (83.29KB , 500x500 , inventory JanB 001.png )
708840

>>708837
Jan does a bit of inventory check, and shares the results. He's lost his shoes during the 'great scidiv nerds' prank war' as you call it, but he still retains his datagloves - basically, he could inspect things by holding them, and remotely interact with electronics he's touched. His Bum Bag contains the ration you stuffed in his mouth earlier, the sim-headgear still running a portable version of Jungle Fever (and several other 'select' sims), and an atmoscanner, which can scan the atmospheric condition of an area to determine its chemical composition - and also handily warn of unbreathable environments that way.
Which is quite nifty, you think.

Besides that, he's also got his science suit on, like you got your engineer suit on.
>>
No. 708842 ID: 426569
File 145788549727.png - (110.68KB , 500x500 , loungeC6-002.png )
708842

>>708840
Soon enough, you found yourselves back in the lounge. You briefed Jan about what happened since you left your cryo-pod.
"Man, that party went really out of control, huh?" Jan asks.
"You better believe it. Vents punched out, vending machine broken, and all these wrappers! Thankfully I fixed the vending machine, though."
"So... what should we do now? There's the obvious thing of fixing the engine, but we need more than just one engineer. And more tools. And probably a space suit or two."
"Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. We need to cross damaged and possibly breached parts of the ship."
"So it basically boils down to what should we do first, yeah?"
"Yyyep."
>Wat do?
[] See if anyone else, hopefully another engineer, has awoken and is recruitable. Which means checking the cryo-pods in the cryo-bays, from A to H.
[] Look for suitable tools that could potentially fix the engines. This means taking a trek through the winding maintenance tunnels and checking out storage closets for the tools.
[] Look for a space suit or two. These should be somewhere near the cargo bay area.
[] Check for a map of damaged areas. This meant going to the nearest available console, which is at the auxiliary control room. But if there's no working consoles there, you'd have to trek to the bridge, or main engineering - located at roughly the opposite ends of the ship.
[] Other (fill in)
>>
No. 708851 ID: 02422f

>[X] Check for a map of damaged areas. This meant going to the nearest available console, which is at the auxiliary control room. But if there's no working consoles there, you'd have to trek to the bridge, or main engineering - located at roughly the opposite ends of the ship.
Checking a nearby is the most efficient way to get up on what's happening. But if it turns out the only console is far away, we'll put that off a bit.

>[X] See if anyone else, hopefully another engineer, has awoken and is recruitable. Which means checking the cryo-pods in the cryo-bays, from A to H.
If the consoles can't tell you who's up, you need to know. And we might need to wake some more help to save the ship.
>>
No. 708910 ID: 5ad4a7

>>708842
[x] See if anyone else, hopefully another engineer, has awoken and is recruitable. Which means checking the cryo-pods in the cryo-bays, from A to H.

This will give us a good idea of who is awake.
>>
No. 709098 ID: c45b7e

>>708842
>[x] See if anyone else, hopefully another engineer, has awoken and is recruitable. Which means checking the cryo-pods in the cryo-bays, from A to H.

We might find someone, and at the very least, we might find some of their gear to borrow. forever. its not theft if they are frozen. We wrote that rule down before this ship took off. bordle.
>>
No. 710227 ID: d0349a

Check out that maintenance room that we didn't go to earlier for supplies.
>>
No. 710721 ID: d0349a

>>708842
>[X]Other:
While doing whatever else, ask Jan what his specialty in the science division is.
>>
No. 710723 ID: 38685c

>>708842
Have another party and then go into cryosleep, leaving the cleanup for the next crew.
>>
No. 710939 ID: 15a025

We should look for tools.
>>
No. 710978 ID: 9166da

>>710723
No wonder that the engine are running at 48% capacity.
>>
No. 712962 ID: e6afee
File 145952150178.png - (108.27KB , 500x500 , IT IS APRIL, FOOLS!.png )
712962

Suddenly, you feel slightly different.
"Hey Jan?"
"Yes, Hugo?"
"I feel kinda weird all of a sudden."
"Me too, Hugo. Me too."
"Wanna have a party and just go to cryosleep afterwards?"
"Eh, why not, fuck cleaning up this mess."

And then they had a party and went to cryosleep. The ship reached Borgas IV 300 years later.

THE END

P.S. check the filename.
>>
No. 713811 ID: f873b3

>>712962
Oh, you.
>>
No. 716229 ID: 55ac69
File 146055841111.png - (121.58KB , 500x500 , whassaplan.png )
716229

After some time thinking...
"Hmm, I think we should find a map of the ship. That'll most likely show what the full extent of damages are."
"Oh, I think the auxiliary control room is nearby, right? Well, compared to the bridge or main engineering, at least." Jan suggests. He's right, but you'd need to go through the maintenance corridors for that.
"Good idea! Next we need to find more bords, though. Just the two of us won't cut it."
"Yeah, for that, we'd need to check the entire array of cryo-pods. So why don't we check some of them as we walk to the maintenance corridors?"
Ooh, good plan.
>>
No. 716230 ID: 55ac69
File 146055885877.png - (135.65KB , 500x500 , cryoC6-004.png )
716230

>>716229
And so, both of you trek through the cryo-bay you woke up in, Cryo-bay C, 6th level. Going past your own pod, so far you haven't found any that isn't currently occupied.
"Borbor Khan, chef... nope. Lena Jaborski, botanist... nope. Harry Tambor, engineer! ...nope." Jan reads from the pods you pass by.
"So yeah, by the way, what is it that you do, actually? I know you're part of the science guys, but what kind of science?" You ask, out of curiosity.
Jan stops his read-aloud reverie, and replied easily. "Oh, I'm the Head of Research, actually. So in a way I'm kinda proficient in each of them."
>>
No. 716231 ID: 38685c

>>716230
What's wrong with Harry?
>>
No. 716233 ID: 55ac69
File 146055979855.png - (101.39KB , 500x500 , waitwhutforealz Jan.png )
716233

>>716230
WAIT A BORDLIN' MOMENT

Head of Research? As in, Head Honcho of the Science Tribe? The ones that determines if the planet we're going to has nasty critters or not?

"Are you for real??" is the only sound that escapes your beak for now.
"Heck yeah I'm real. In short, I'm the boss of the science guys."
"So you know the access codes that only the Heads know?"
"Yep."
"And you can boss any scientists we find?"
"Technically, yep."
"Oh yeahhhh. We're gonna fix this ship. We're going to fix it like it's new again!"
Jan gives a thumbs-up. "Damn right. Like a boss."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NisCkxU544c

Well, now you've met yourself a Head, which ranks way higher than you, you now have questions. Burning questions. No homo.

>Wat ask?
[] So, what are those science stuff you say you're good at? I don't know much except engineering.
[] Who's the other Heads, other than the Captain and Head of Engineering?
[] Can you tell me a bit about the planet we're going to?
[] How did you get to Head rank?
[] Be too awestruck to actually ask any, and continue checking cryo-pods until the two of you get to the aux control room.
[] Other (fill in)
>>
No. 716234 ID: 55ac69

>>716231
Still a popsicle. Thawing him would take longer than you'd like (three whole days), and express thawing him has a high chance of medical maladies happening.

That said,
>What do we do with Harry?
[] Leave him alone
[] Thaw
[] Express Thaw
[] Mark his pod for future reference
[] Yer a wizard, Harry!
[] Other (fill in)
>>
No. 716294 ID: 35151f

>>716234
Go on and start the thaw if it's an automated process, it'd be handy to have more hands on deck even if it's on a time delay.

If not, keep exploring to see what else has been fucked up and what exactly has been crawling through the vents.
>>
No. 716301 ID: 15a025

Soo...whats this planet we're heading off to like?
>>
No. 716344 ID: 02422f

>[X] Who's the other Heads, other than the Captain and Head of Engineering?
>[X] Can you tell me a bit about the planet we're going to?
>[X] How did you get to Head rank?
The first is directly relevant to our problem, the second is interesting, the third is probably a really good story.

>[X] Other (fill in)
Wait if you're the head of the science tribe, why did they leave you tied in that sim.

>[X] Mark his pod for future reference
Let's not undertake anything that takes days or has serious risks until we know the situation.
>>
No. 716361 ID: c45b7e

>>716233
>[-] So, what are those science stuff you say you're good at? I don't know much except engineering.
we will find out as we go.
>[X] Who's the other Heads, other than the Captain and Head of Engineering?
This is most important.
>[X] Can you tell me a bit about the planet we're going to?
This is just gee whiz, but might be cool.
>[-] How did you get to Head rank?
It was probably by cannibalism anyway.
>>716234
>What do we do with Harry?
>[X] Leave him alone
Fuck you Harry, always trying to steal the glory, we all knew I was the better engineer.
>[-] Thaw
>[-] Express Thaw
Fuck Harry.
>[X] Mark his pod for future reference
Draw a dick on the pod.
>[X] Yer a wizard, Harry!
Also pop the pod for a sec, and draw a dick on Harry.

In lieu of a dick, a comical pile of poo will also be acceptable, as well as "I love cloaca" on his forehead.
>>
No. 716369 ID: 5ad4a7

>>716234
[x] Thaw
We need a second engineer, right? The automated thawing only produces ONE engineer, so we need to thaw someone. Without medical staff on hand an express thaw is unwise, however.
>>
No. 716370 ID: 5ad4a7

...wait, what happened to the previous skeleton crew's engineer? Can you ask the ship's computer where they went?
>>
No. 716475 ID: c45b7e

>>716234
express thaw. Sack tap him. Freeze. this ship seems to be a frat party.
>>
No. 716617 ID: c45b7e

>>716233
>>716234
What can he do, and express thaw. we could send the other engineer off to repair other parts of the ship. Plus a solo player or spare party is both fun, and beneficial should something happen to us. *ominous*
>>
No. 716619 ID: c45b7e

>>716617
addendum* harassing the other engineer from the other suggestions is not mutually exclusive to my own.
>>
No. 717130 ID: 9d740b

>>716233
[X] Other: ALL OF THE ABOVE!

For Harry, just mark the cryochamber for now. Figure out the extent of the damage, then assemble a crew. Maybe we could even access a list of personnel when we find access to a computer.
>>
No. 741097 ID: fb246e
File 147063358307.png - (107.04KB , 500x500 , TheHeadHonchos.png )
741097

"So... you've met the other Heads before?" You ask Jan.
"Well, yeah. There's Captain Bordmann, the Captain; Val Dunbor, Head of Personnel; Yours truly, Head of Research; Mina Sanbora - you know her as the Head of Engineering; Kol Kelbor, Head of Security; and Prita Ribordi, Head of Medical. All of us answer to the Captain."
"Wait, let me get this straight. The Captain's first name is... Captain?"
"Yeah, but that ain't the weirdest name I've seen. Guy's a perfect fit for his name, though."
You pick an engineering pen from your kit.
"So how'd you get to be Head of Research?"
"Well, long story short, it involves nerds and introducing them on how to party. And studies that show good morale means better results." Jan beams with pride.
>>
No. 741098 ID: fb246e
File 147063412231.png - (124.60KB , 500x500 , BorgasSystemExplanation.png )
741098

>>741097
"Okay, so tell me more of the planet we're colonizing. Borgas IV, was it?" You ask, while marking Harry's pod for the future.
"Oh yes, it's a very nice planet! Fourth planet of the Borgas system, right in the habitable zone, got water, got primitive lifeforms. Basically a perfect environment for us. All the other planets and moons in the system are too gaseous, too cold, or too small for a colony."
"Primitive lifeforms? You meant alien germs?"
"Yeah, but nothing our nanites can't handle. You know, that thing you're injected with when you first entered the ship?"
"Oh, so that's what it is. I thought it was just, like, vaccine for space flu or something."
"In a way, yes, it's some kind of vaccine for space flu. ...What are you doing?"
>>
No. 741100 ID: fb246e
File 147063475022.png - (144.75KB , 500x500 , TheDoodle.png )
741100

>>741098
"Why, marking Harry's pod for future reference, of course! If we need another engineer, we could just tell VIRA to unthaw the pod with the funny face."
"I get it, but... why draw /that/?"
"Well why not?"
"I dunno, man. Looks more like a rabid bord than a funny bord."
"Well let's just ask VIRA about it! Hey VIRA?"
You two waited for some time, but VIRA's familiar voice doesn't reply.
"That's weird, she's working a few moments ago."
"You sure?"
"Yeah. So there's probably something wrong with her, too. Dangit."
"Well her core is in Main Engineering, but her main control console is up at the Bridge. That's another stop we make on the fixapalooza."

>Where to next?
[] Stick with the plan, maintenance corridors to the Auxiliary Control Room.
[] Head straight to Main Engineering, through the maintenance corridors.
[] Head to the Bridge, which means you'll be going through some more Cryo-pod Bays, Medical Bay, Cargo Bay, and Security.
[] Other (fill in)
>>
No. 741101 ID: 398fe1

[x] Head straight to Main Engineering, through the maintenance corridors.
We were going to the Auxiliary Control Room to find a console to see what's damaged. Main Engineering has one for sure, which means going there will kill two bords with one stone, and since we're aware VIRA is damaged we will be heading to a known damaged location.
>>
No. 741103 ID: 15a025

[X] Head straight to Main Engineering, through the maintenance corridors.
>>
No. 741111 ID: c45b7e

>>741100
[x] Head straight to Main Engineering, through the maintenance corridors.
Why go to auxiliary when we can go right to the main?

[x] Other (fill in)
Draw a cloaca on the pod. that is what is missing.
[x] Other (fill in)
"so these nanites...lets say a guy wants to get a little bigger in the muscle department...doable?"
>>
No. 741139 ID: 24100f

>>741100
Main Engineering.

You're understaffed. You need the AI just to keep an eye on other things that might break or go wrong, and to give you reports on damage to fix, nevermind all the other functions she fulfills.
>>
No. 741235 ID: 1cb64d

>>741097
Don't call her "HoE."

Yeah, the AI is important, the head of research should have access too? Hopefully it hasn't shocked the doors or anything.

Try interrogating the AI on the way. Is it having problems, diagnostic stuff, current operating rules, etcetra.
>>
No. 750684 ID: e65bff

We got something to record a memo in? If so, make up a to-do list.

How much of a detour is it heading to main engineering before the auxiliary control room? I'd guess not that far, since they're both accessed via the maintenance corridors.
>>
No. 756826 ID: afd3cd

[x] Head straight to Main Engineering, through the maintenance corridors.
Let's wake up Hal...GlaD.. i mean VIRA already, then she can deal with stuff and we don't have to move as much. Also she can point us to other problems that need fixing.
>>
No. 758162 ID: cb7d66
File 147903994989.png - (83.31KB , 500x500 , cryoC6-maint entrance 01.png )
758162

"Well, since we're going to fix things anyway, Main Engineering should have a console or two that shows what parts to fix, right?"
Jan smiles. "That's the spirit! I just happen to know a shortcut. Going through all the Cryo chambers is a hassle."
"Wait, a shortcut?" You ask as he stops by a maintenance door.
"And here we are. Maintenance corridors! I thought you engineers were supposed to use these?"
"I think so, but I just woke up out of Cryo - never went in them outside of virtual training."
"Well, this is your lucky day, then! Go on, take the first step! You ready?"
>>
No. 758164 ID: cb7d66
File 147904008471.gif - (170.28KB , 500x500 , creepy-maint-tunnels.gif )
758164

>>758162
You open the door, thought about getting on the floor and doing the dinosaur...
>>
No. 758165 ID: cb7d66
File 147904043208.png - (149.81KB , 500x500 , cryoC6-maint entrance 02.png )
758165

>>758164
Nonononope.
"Aw hell, the emergency lights are on. This might mean we got more things to fix."
What were those, EYES?
"You okay there, Hugo?"

>What do?
[] Wuss out, nope, nope, nope
[] Focus your mind! You're an engineer! FIX STUFF! Go straight ahead!
[] Check the side passages, there might be a way to switch the creepy lights. Or maybe a weapon. Or maybe the creepy crawly with three eyes.
[] You're coming with me, right Jan? I won't mind if you take the lead!
[] Summon the courage of the Bordian empire! BORDLE BOR! CHAAARGE!
[] Other (fill in)
>>
No. 758173 ID: 064d4c

Grab a weapon of sorts before waltzing in there.
Maybe even head to the armory.
>>
No. 758177 ID: 9f3729

>>758165
"That all depends on how genre savvy you are because I'm dead sure I just saw eyes. A lot of them."
>>
No. 758183 ID: 15a025

Grab something for a weapon, and then
BORDLE BOR! CHAAARGE
>>
No. 758188 ID: 3abd97

>>758165
[x] Other

Ask Hugo if there's supposed to be anything with little triangular clusters of LEDs resembling glowing sets of eyes in there, because if not, there's something in there with glowing eyes.

If there's some kind of space bug or rogue robot drones or something that has been breaking things, you can't fix things if you let yourself get ambushed in the dark!
>>
No. 758194 ID: 860084

>>758165
Maaaaaaybe we should just take the long way around.
>>
No. 758459 ID: c45b7e

>>758165
lets go ahead and check those side pannels.
>>
No. 774889 ID: 1d7899

>>758165
>Eyes
LOL, no. That was just your eyes having trouble adjusting to the flickering light. March straight ahead an fix stuff
>>
No. 787192 ID: ded3b0
File 148945890938.png - (103.98KB , 500x500 , cryoC6-maint entrance 03.png )
787192

"Jan! What the bord are those?? They look like eyes!"
Jan takes a quick look at the flickering hallway.
"Eh, probably nothing. You're not scared, are you?"
>>
No. 787194 ID: ded3b0
File 148945927296.png - (110.73KB , 500x500 , cryoC6-maint entrance 04.png )
787194

>>787192
You need a weapon, and the lack of weaponry on your self is alarming. Well, your tools look a bit like weapons, right? You scrutinize your precious tools for a while.
"Don't worry, Hugo! I got your back!"
Well at least if they're some kind of murder-machine robots, you can disassemble them, right?
You take a big breath
Open the door
Get on the floor
>>
No. 787196 ID: ded3b0
File 148945961324.gif - (374.32KB , 500x500 , corridor-run-anim.gif )
787196

rolled 1 = 1

>>787194
...and BORDLE BOOOOOOR!
"Thaaat's the spirit!"
You sprint down the hallway, with Jan trailing close behind you. As you turn down a side passage, you see something!

1 - What is that vaguely metallic thing?
2 - What is that organic goop?
3 - Another bord! But hostile!
4 - Another bord! In distress!
5 - Another bord! But friendly!
6 - Oh hey, someone left a stash of... things!
>>
No. 787199 ID: ded3b0
File 148946070510.png - (158.79KB , 500x500 , maintenance robot encounter 01.png )
787199

>>787196
An unnatural, jury-rigged robot stands menacingly down your path! It twitches in jittery motion, blocking your path!

>Wat do?
[] Dismantle this abominable affront to sensible design! (combat!)
[] It seems to be just... standing there. Maybe you can sneak around?
[] CAN'T STOP ME NOW! Bodyslam and continue running!
[] WELP I told you there's something bad down here! 360 and moonwalk away!
[] You deal with this one, Jan, it's your idea to go down here!
[] Other (fill in)
>>
No. 787202 ID: 70983e

Dismantle to see what makes it tick!
>>
No. 787284 ID: e95cec

Brandish wepon, charge! ...and run right by it!
>>
No. 787325 ID: 2ccee9

>>787199
Use commands to see if it responds before approaching.
>>
No. 787348 ID: 0b99d7

>>787199
stumpy design with red lights on it? that's gotta be a walking bomb.
>>
No. 787371 ID: d9af09

>>787199
Don't be afraid. Something tells me this is just some sort of maintenance drone doing its job.
maintenance robot encounter 01.png
>>
No. 787383 ID: 3abd97

>>787325
Yeah, test to see if it's responsive, or if it even does anything.
>>
No. 787923 ID: c45b7e

>>787199
[x] other: Leash it, and take it for a walk. If it fights, smack it over the head with a wrench until it stops that. WE WILL MAKE IT OBEDIENT!
>>
No. 789896 ID: 15a025

[x] Other:
Ask Jan if he recognizes this robot?
>>
No. 795291 ID: c45b7e

>>787199
this thing some kinda nanotech error?
>>
No. 822179 ID: 0ac5f7
File 150254336517.png - (211.60KB , 500x500 , maintenance robot encounter 02.png )
822179

Could be just a maintenance bot that got repaired, or so you think.
"Hey Jan, you ever see one of these?" You say, as you poke it with your screwdriver.
"No, actuall-"
>>
No. 822180 ID: 0ac5f7
File 150254395121.png - (162.24KB , 500x500 , maintenance robot encounter 03.png )
822180

>>822179
Suddenly, the thing leaps at you!
"AAAAAAAAAAA!"
"AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!"
>>
No. 822182 ID: 0ac5f7
File 150254452374.png - (180.15KB , 500x500 , maintenance robot encounter 04.png )
822182

>>822180
...aaaaand it lands on the floor where you used to be. A deep computerized voice hums, "Scream identified. Engineer Hugo Packagebord identified."
Then it switches to a radio-transmitted laugh. "Pffhehehehehahahaha! You should've taken a look at your face! Sheeeeit, that you, Hugo?"
Jan is not amused at your cowardice, however.

>That guy, you know that guy! They're...
[] Mina Sanbora, the Head of Engineering! You've been the butt of her many practical jokes now.
[] Kremen Dunbor, a fellow engineer, you remember he likes b-movie horror.
[] Maybe Val Borval, the roboticist? You don't really know him.
[] Actually, you don't know? Maybe Jan does?
>>
No. 822183 ID: 9876c4

B has the best name by far,
but A teases a female Bordian role. So A.
>>
No. 822184 ID: dd4df2

>>822182

Mina. This is definitely a Mina joke.
>>
No. 822192 ID: dbcfc1

>>822182
A is for Asshole
>>
No. 822214 ID: 3abd97

>[X] Mina Sanbora, the Head of Engineering! You've been the butt of her many practical jokes now.
Are you really taking the time to prank me in the middle of a crisis? Geeze, Mina, you're incorrigible.
>>
No. 822248 ID: 889b86

>>822182
Is that Kremen? Did Mina put you up to this?
>>
No. 827794 ID: 18ae2c

>>822182
B-horror bro is the way to go
>>
No. 827806 ID: 2fe26a

This Steam-powered golem can only have come from one mind: Mina's!
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason