[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
In memory of Flyin' Black Jackson
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 593688)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 24201 unique user posts. View catalog

File 141044277249.png - (7.92KB , 800x600 , caves.png )
593688 No. 593688 ID: e06dcb

Chapter 3

As wheel of time turns... week passes by.
Fallout of Zaifa and Figarr escape was what anybody would expect... A struggle for dominance at now vacant "top dog's" spot.
For the time being Zeeke, still shaken by act of betrayal, secluded himself in north edge of the miners camp.
Expand all images
>>
No. 593691 ID: e06dcb
File 141044306880.png - (5.24KB , 800x600 , asleep.png )
593691

This particular cave appears to be bild for a kind much shorter then yours... Still, it has just enough room to get some "shut eye" during "night".
>>
No. 593692 ID: e9e331

so then Zeeke, on a scale from 1 to 10 how fucked is everything out there? 1 being around the same before this all started and 10 being FIRE AND BODIES EVERYWHERE!!

Oh and did the guards ever do anything, about the escape attempt and did you ever hear if they made it or not?
>>
No. 593693 ID: e6e219

Can we even talk to him while he is asleep? Wonder if we can sway back and forth a bit and land on him.
>>
No. 593698 ID: 879a42

Zeeke buddy ol' pal, how you feeling? You okay, because we were concerned about you. Also where is Paz? He has been helping you out right?
>>
No. 593699 ID: 879a42

(Test if we can move at all, I want to see if we can roll around and what not. Also I'm sure we are basically unbreakable so there's that, I doubt we are ever in any danger.)
>>
No. 593739 ID: b0fadc

What happened to Paz and the other Kobold? What kind of rocks are down there? What are things like at the fortress? Is there any clay? Do you think Zaifa and Figarr are still alive? What would you do to them if you escaped and found them? How could we help you if we don't even know what kind of rocks you have access to? How are we supposed to help you if we don't know anything?
>>
No. 593750 ID: e06dcb
File 141051334560.png - (7.26KB , 800x600 , awake.png )
593750

Zeeke wakes up noticing a dancing glimmer in depth of magic gem.

>so then Zeeke, on a scale from 1 to 10 how fucked is everything out there?
-I'd say it's a solid 1... Everything is pretty much the same as ever... hopeless existence in depth of iron mountain with no glimmering hope at the end of a tunnel.

>Oh and did the guards ever do anything, about the escape attempt and did you ever hear if they made it or not?
-If they did succeed in escaping from iron mountain, such news never reached mines and other inmates. Still, the fact that they never returned tells me everything I need to know. Well it's possible that they got executed... one can dream.

>Zeeke buddy ol' pal, how you feeling?
-Rigth now... exhausted and sleepy.

>You okay, because we were concerned about you. Also where is Paz? He has been helping you out right?
-He is somewhere nearby... little fellow been rather helpfull during the past week.

>(Test if we can move at all, I want to see if we can roll around and what not. Also I'm sure we are basically unbreakable so there's that, I doubt we are ever in any danger.)

Gem remains in motionless state.
>>
No. 593751 ID: e06dcb
File 141051376618.png - (9.26KB , 800x600 , awake 2.png )
593751

>other Kobold?
-Paz trust him. I trust no one. I wouldn't trust Faz as far as I could throw him.

Faz
-"Yaaawn... Is it morning already?"
>>
No. 593752 ID: b0fadc

Are there any rocks that are hard and have a very fine grit or are high in sulfur??
>>
No. 593753 ID: b0fadc

So is Paz a female or do we have to resort to gay shipping?
>>
No. 593756 ID: bb78f2

but you are sleeping together?
Well, okay Zeeke, that's a weird backwards way to trust people.
I mean, I guess you can bone people you don't trust, but why?
>>
No. 593758 ID: 879a42

I don't think sex happened, I mean cmon there was no movement or anything also zeeke is straight and furthermore faz just woke up behind zeeke.

Anyway what does he do then if you don't trust him? Standard minion duties helping you and such?
>>
No. 593764 ID: e6e219

Its cold in caves you have to huddle to conserve warmth. If Zeeke is orgying it up with the little guys that's his business.

Anyways sorry for the issues with the last escape plan. Everything went to hell at the end and honestly not sure if things could have gone better. The only place we might have changed events significantly was if you had abandoned the girls and left with Paz.

But even then you might have ended up dead a few minutes later to some guards up top. Best not to second guess things and work on finding a new plan.

So now that the big dogs have left what factions are coming out on top right now? Also have the guards changed anything? Or is it buisness as usual.

Need to get you fed and find some more allies and resources so that we can make another escape plan.
>>
No. 593765 ID: 80ab1c

Is it too late to give a rousing speech to inflame the passions of the working people, and get them to rise up and follow you to crush their oppressors and traitors who left them behind, or is that power vacuum already filled?
>>
No. 593798 ID: 9ddf68

do you know what kind of magic Faz can do? honestly during the failed escape the main reason I wanted him was to use as a backup flame or to try and get around any magic barriers the guards might have had set up.

Ok so I know you might not be in the best of moods but we need to come up with a new plan of escape... or if you already have given up on that figure a way to live the rest of your life down here in comfort. I'm assuming escape is the winning choice of the 2 so I got a really crappy idea we can try if nothing else works.

You know when they send the guy in the basket down to feed you? I say make a crossbow or something to shoot the guy with something with a rope attached to it, then clime up into the basket and let the guards pull you up. Then just carry another rope or something that we can just pin at the top to let the rest of the prisoners escape. Of course it's going to be a lot harder to pull of then that. I mean does the guard have a signal to let the other guards topside know when to pull him up or do they just throw him down for 5 minutes before pulling him up, if we end up fighting the guard will it likely tip off the guys up top seeing as he's miles below ground or not really, how many people could we fit inside the basket without weighing it down to much that the guards know that something is up? lots of things we'd need to figure out before we could try these but hey it's something at least.
>>
No. 593913 ID: e06dcb
File 141059138879.png - (10.60KB , 800x600 , awake 3.png )
593913

>but you are sleeping together?
-Cuz there is only one bed here. Don't get any funny ideas... I don't "do" bolds.

Paz
-"Yaaawn... he-he Zeeke your fuzz is soo ticklish."

Zeeke
-"..."

>Its cold in caves you have to huddle to conserve warmth. If Zeeke is orgying it up with the little guys that's his business.

-I didn't do anything!!!
>>
No. 593914 ID: e06dcb
File 141059239240.png - (11.58KB , 800x600 , suit up.png )
593914

It's almost "morning", the day-shift is about to begin.

Zeeke and his two minions crawl out of the mud-house.

>So now that the big dogs have left what factions are coming out on top right now? Also have the guards changed anything? Or is it buisness as usual.
>Is it too late to give a rousing speech to inflame the passions of the working people, and get them to rise up and follow you to crush their oppressors and traitors who left them behind, or is that power vacuum already filled?
-A number of factions began a struggle for open seats at the top of the prison hierarchy. I choose not to bother myself with it anymore.
As for the guards... a slew of mesures where taken to prevent escapes of that kind.

>do you know what kind of magic Faz can do?
-I'm not well educated in ways of magic. All i know about it is rumors and some spec of common knowlege. There exist many ways to practice magic: spells, scrolls, glyphs among the many. Glyph-magic is tied to symbols of power, usually infused into an object to grant it power. Wierd thing is I never heard of kobolds magicians, usually their mana pool is soo shallow casting even a simple light spell would knock them unconcious. I guess Faz here is a special case.

>You know when they send the guy in the basket down to feed you? I say make...
-I would say trying to escape through a feeding hole is not an option right now...
>>
No. 593915 ID: 436cdc

>>593913
Hey, you've already seen our porn collection when you were mining our internal library majigger. What right have we to judge? There's some NIGHTMARE shit in there.

ANYHOW, I say we go back to plan "Dig a tunnel" only we find a way to do it FASTlike. Get a drill made, that sorta thing. Maybe just dig sideways till we hit a ruin or something, I dunno.
>>
No. 593919 ID: 9ddf68

>I would say trying to escape through a feeding hole is not an option right now...
like I said it's a poor idea that I basically cast under option fuck it, the option you use when you have no other options and at that point don't really care what you do as long as you do something. But what did the guards do that makes the hole not an escape option if you don't mind my saying?

Also the second part of the idea was mostly to get you talking on any ideas you might have had to getting out of here since last time. I mean you said we can't dig out, at least not in any reasonable amount of time, the only way in or out (aka the feeding hole) seems to be off the table for the moment, so what's that leave us? I mean the only things coming to mind off the top of my head is either find some way to use magic to get out (and yes I know if someone could have done that they'd have left already), or finding an underground river and hope it goes topside (also not only a very bad idea but also very improbable). So unless something else pops up that's all I got.
>>
No. 593924 ID: e06dcb
File 141059648554.png - (14.93KB , 800x600 , on the way to the mines .png )
593924

>But what did the guards do that makes the hole not an escape option if you don't mind my saying?
-They fortified the shit out of it... steel bars small gates that can only be open form topside, and god knows what other stuff they prepared up there.

>"Dig a tunnel"
>"find some way to use magic to get out"
>"underground river"
-I'll try to think of something...

As usuall miners started gathering at the entrance to the main iron-ore vein. I spot a familiar face... what's his name... one of the former Zaifa's goons.

Peck
-"Oh hi guy's. Haven't seen you in a while... ever sence Zaifa took off and whole band broke apart."

Zeeke
-"You don't have to tell me..."

Peck looked around for a bit as if he was trying to spot somebody in the croud.

Peck
-"Your 'friend' isn't with you today?"
>>
No. 593926 ID: 9ddf68

which friend, cause I think I see Paz right behind Peck, or maybe it's Faz, your arm is kinda in the way so it might be blocking the horns. Or does he mean us? I thought only you Paz, and the two goblin traitors were the only ones to know about us?

Anyways see what he wants, wouldn't be very surprise if he's trying to recruit you into another gang or hell maybe he's trying to form one with people he thinks he can trust.
>>
No. 593929 ID: e06dcb
File 141059748045.png - (10.36KB , 800x600 , big one.png )
593929

Zeeke
-"You mean bold's..? They both right here."

Peck
-"No I'm talking about the 'big one'."

Zeeke
-"the... big one?"

Peck
-"Don't you guys know him? Never saw him before. Yesterday he came by the remnants of the fort and was asking around about Zaifa's inner circle... isn't it you guys? He told something about a kobold and a tall goblin.
>>
No. 593930 ID: 9ddf68

... Peck was watching the fight with figarr right? whatever happened to the big guy cause the last thing I saw was that zaifa took his tail and peck shot him, then nothing. I just thought he'd died but since Peck was there he'd probably have a better idea.
>>
No. 593934 ID: e06dcb
File 141060584232.png - (15.54KB , 800x600 , shit.png )
593934

Peck
-"...he was draped in old rags from top to bottom so didn't get a good look of him. I hoped you guy's know him... and he was you friend. Well it was nice knowing ya..."

Shit... just like that, it's all my rotten luck.
>>
No. 593939 ID: d90668

Hmm could be the merchant guy we got the alchemist fire from.

But I am guessing its someone looking for you personally. They realized that whoever built that device might still be down here.

As for why its because knowledge is a vital resource down here. If you can build one crazy escape machine you can build another. While it might be dangerous you will need more people and resources if you are going to try another escape.

So keep a eye out for this stranger. Might be a threat but could be useful.
>>
No. 593941 ID: 40935b

Well he either wants you dead and/or will help you escape. We learned the hard way that the two aren't mutually exclusive. For now, all you can do is keep your pickax close and watch your back.
>>
No. 593946 ID: d90668

Hey did you find out what Faz did to get locked up here?

Cause if he got sent here because of all the midnight strangling or because he is the worlds most notorious kobold rapist you might want to know that in advance.

Also did you ever figure out the kobolds genders? Would be nice to know how to address them.
>>
No. 593964 ID: 9ddf68

>Well it was nice knowing ya...
well fuck you to Peck

anyways not much we can do about it, just tell the bolds to be on the lookout for someone big as hell and wearing rags and go on with business as usual. I mean you look over your shoulder enough before you had someone looking for you right? You are in a prison after all.
>>
No. 593972 ID: b0fadc

We might be able to make some kind of weapon to kill all of the guards without killing you so we will only have to deal with getting past the gates and stuff.
>>
No. 593979 ID: e06dcb
File 141066198846.png - (11.34KB , 800x600 , cobs.png )
593979

>anyways not much we can do about it, just tell the bolds to be on the lookout for someone big as hell and wearing rags and go on with business as usual. I mean you look over your shoulder enough before you had someone looking for you right? You are in a prison after all.

Zeeke
-"Alright listen you two, starting now we are on high alert, if you spot any big guys making a move on us, report to me immediately."

Paz
-"...what's a report?"

Zeeke
-"You tell me, if you see any big scary looking guys... got it?"

Paz
-"Yep..."
>>
No. 593981 ID: e06dcb
File 141066207114.png - (13.71KB , 800x600 , cobs 2.png )
593981

Paz
-"...there is one standing behind you right now."

Zeeke
-"..."
>>
No. 593987 ID: d8a627

>>593981
That... Looks like Figarr's buddy.
>>
No. 593990 ID: d90668

Well its someone big and gnoll looking. No rags covering the fact though.

Well turn around and see what he wants. Or run for it. But has not attacked yet.
>>
No. 593996 ID: a0eba6

grab the bold walk quickly into the crowd and try to loss him in the mass of bodies.
>>
No. 594005 ID: bb78f2

All ready got an argument lined up in case he's pissed at us for what happened.
He should direct his anger at Figarr because he betrayed him at the last second, leaving him here so he could leave with OUR betrayers, who was the real one that took his tail.
He should save any anger he has for Figarr, and maybe Zaifa and Zaazu if he has any left. Shit man, we feel you're fucking anger. We should band together so WE can escape, track them down, and throw them back down that hole. Except that's stupid, so we kill them. Just so you know, haven't figured out a new way, but I'm working on it.

Only say that argument if it's clear he wants to hurt you for what happened. It might not be that clear, so don't go and put your foot in your mouth ahead of time. That's just what I think you should say if you get cornered.
>>
No. 594014 ID: d8a627

>>594005
Yeah, turn around, maybe jump back when you see him as a "whoa you're a big guy that startled me," and see if he's paying attention to you or not, before you go doing something that might turn out to be pointless and stupid.

Or start blabbering immediately and humor us!
>>
No. 594022 ID: e06dcb
File 141068501379.png - (19.47KB , 800x600 , move along.png )
594022

>grab the bold walk quickly into the crowd and try to loss him in the mass of bodies.

Zeeke
-"Alright you two, move along we got a lot of work to do... as they say early bird gets the worm or some shit like that."

???
-"Faz I been looking for you... Boss escaped with the goblins and abandoned us. Thats makes me a new boss and you will come with me."
>>
No. 594023 ID: 2ac63f

"Nooo our respective bosses betrayed us so there are no more bosses, bosses are assholes, but if you have a plan to get out and get revenge I'm all ears. unless you are going to be like Figarr."
>>
No. 594027 ID: e06dcb
File 141069271403.png - (17.34KB , 800x600 , who are you .png )
594027

>"Nooo our respective bosses betrayed us so there are no more bosses, bosses are assholes, but if you have a plan to get out and get revenge I'm all ears. unless you are going to be like Figarr."

Zeeke
-"Listen you what ever your name is... our respective bosses betrayed us so there are no mo..."

???
-"I don't remeber talking to you! Who are you suppose to be anyway? This kobold is my property. Do you have any problem with that fuzz-ball?"

Zeeke
-(Look who is talking...)

???
-"Faz who the hell is this weak-breed noname lowlife?"

Faz
-"... ugh... I... he... well..."
>>
No. 594031 ID: 7bcf26

You could try bullshitting him that you were a spy working for Figarr, sent to infiltrate Zaifas gang.
>>
No. 594037 ID: 40935b

If all else fails, we can talk to him directly. It doesn't look like he has the mental fortitude to remove us, and it would at least serve as a distraction.
>>
No. 594038 ID: d90668

I am the guy who set up there escape in the first place.

So if you want in on the next escape plan you might want to put me down so we can find a private place to talk.
>>
No. 594061 ID: 01745f

>>594038
Specify that we were the guy who set up the escape before they betrayed us and escaped without us.
>>
No. 594080 ID: 9ddf68

uhhhh, if you can't talk your way out I say try and gouge his eyes out, he's close and has only grabbed your shirt, both your hands are free, just drive your thumbs right into his eyes and don't stop until he drops you. THEN run like hell.
>>
No. 594083 ID: d8a627

Can we speak to Faz yet? If so: Faz! Zeeke here was Figarr's original minion, his number one henchman, and the only reason Figarr started building up his own strengths and attacked Zaifa was that Zeeke was operating on a secret plan that would help Figarr get out... Unfortunately, Figarr and Zaifa both ended up betraying everybody and, well, Zeeke has just been trying to figure out a new way to get his allies out.

Fuzzball there should be one of his allies, given that they both served Figarr.
>>
No. 594310 ID: e06dcb
File 141086772645.png - (11.24KB , 800x600 , rrr.png )
594310

>You could try bullshitting him that you were a spy working for Figarr, sent to infiltrate Zaifas gang.

-I don't think it would go through right now.

Zeeke
>I am the guy who set up there escape in the first place. So if you want in on the next escape plan you might want to put me down so we can find a private place to talk.

???
-"You where the one who set up the escape?" Bullshit! You don't have to be a genius to know that Zaifa was the mastermind behind escape plan."

>Can we speak to Faz yet?
>If all else fails, we can talk to him directly.
Check out descussion thread for update on gem rules.
>>
No. 594314 ID: e06dcb
File 141086854840.png - (13.66KB , 800x600 , rrr 2.png )
594314

As the hulking gnoll kept dangling Zeeke like some sort of ragdoll, an even more humongous figure approached them.

??? 2
-Did I heard it right? You where the one who came up with flying contraption that took flight a week ago? My master wishes to speak with you.

Zeeke
-"...uhu."

???
-"Get lost, this weak-breed is mine. Want a piece of him? Get in the line."

??? 2
-"Phhh... Gnolls... such a vile creatures... even more so then goblins. There is only one language your kind can understand. What was it... oh, right..."
>>
No. 594315 ID: e06dcb
File 141086860341.png - (25.81KB , 800x600 , SIT.png )
594315

??? 2
-"...brute force"
>>
No. 594320 ID: d90668

Well get up and dust yourself off then introduce yourself and tell him thank you. From the way he talks sounds like he might be a bit cultured and a bit racist.

Honestly after that show of force you will want to get on his good side if there is one. Gather up your kobolds if they have not run off and go with him to talk to this master.

Needless to say keep our existence under wraps. While we can refuse to help other people we do not have any defenses against someone stealing us. Well cept annoying them all the time until they throw us away or give us back.
>>
No. 594321 ID: e6e219

Wonder if he has a magic glove or something similar.

Or he could be a golem or a shapeshifter of some sort.

Either way I would be polite and take him up on his offer. A powerful patron could get you the resources you need to make another escape attempt.

Round up your minions and keep us hidden well.
>>
No. 594387 ID: 879a42

Yeah i definitely think that acting polite is the best route here. I guess you could try to be sly and nonchalantly ask who it is that wants to see you.
>>
No. 594399 ID: 9ddf68

...oh...ohhhhh

Well then it's probably best not to piss this fine gentlemen off then, introduce yourself, try and stay out of arms length of him, and be ready to run like hell should his intentions be less then hospitable.
>>
No. 594469 ID: e06dcb
File 141095649529.png - (10.82KB , 800x600 , follow.png )
594469

>Gather up your kobolds if they have not run off and go with him to talk to this master.

Zeeke Paz and Faz follow cloaked figure deep into old mines...

-Maybe this wasn't such a good idea... but still it is not like alternative would be much better.

Zeeke
-"Ahem... who exactly is your master?"

???
-"Master is very lazy person... He don't talk much about himself. I just do my job."
>>
No. 594470 ID: e06dcb
File 141095661437.png - (15.73KB , 900x700 , master.png )
594470

???
-"Well here we are..."

Zeeke
-"What is this smell?"

Paz
-"This place looks kinda familiar."

Faz
-"Something was written here."
>>
No. 594475 ID: d90668

Hey Zeeke this is where Paz went to get the alchemist fire. We sort of had her flash the guy with her reflective chest to get it.

Also destroyed the door guard magic eyeball or at least hurt it bad.

So if his boss is the old tinker he might be a bit angry at Paz. Or might not who knows. Just be polite and prepare to apologize for your minions actions if need be. Or could pile some blame on Zaazu if you want.
>>
No. 594499 ID: 9ddf68

I think that once said shop or something Faz?

oh and this is where the alchemist guy who we got the alchemist fire from lives. Last time we where here they're was a door guardian but after it asked Zeeke to show it her tits she kinda punched it and then we kinda used it to check for traps. Oh and side note, don't go through the left door under the writing, there be lots of fire and death that we, we know, we saw the door guardian get covered in flames after we used him to see if the way was safe.
>>
No. 594525 ID: 879a42

Maybe have Paz stay outside for this one, i mean he did rob the guy. He can find out later about Paz, after we make a first good impression.
>>
No. 594535 ID: d8a627

>>594470
Say, wait a minute, I think there's a new eyeguy below where the old one used to be.
>>
No. 594583 ID: 5ab68b

>>594535
Nah, that's just the slot where the ball's pulled to open up the old door guardian.

But yeah, this is definitely where Paz got the alchemist's fire. Be prepared to apologize for wasting it on a botched escape plan. Well, you didn't get off the prison, didn't you?
>>
No. 594588 ID: e06dcb
File 141103546992.png - (12.81KB , 800x600 , Master 2.png )
594588

>Hey Zeeke this is where Paz went to get the alchemist fire. We sort of had her flash the guy with her reflective chest to get it.

-You did what?!

>Also destroyed the door guard magic eyeball or at least hurt it bad.

-Things just keep getting better and better...

>Oh and side note, don't go through the left door under the writing, there be lots of fire and death that we, we know, we saw the door guardian get covered in flames after we used him to see if the way was safe.

Big guy says that the fire trap is tuned on, only when his master is alseep. So it should be ok right now.

>Maybe have Paz stay outside for this one, i mean he did rob the guy.

-Good idea...

Zeeke
-"Paz, stay on guard here for now."

Paz
-"...okey-dokey"

Zeeke and Faz enter the former junk-shop. The owner is sitting in the far corner of the cave. On the table beside him stands two cups, filled with green brew.

Master
-"Oh... you came after all. Come in, come in... what was your name... ah it doesn't matter, here have some mushroom tea."
>>
No. 594589 ID: 64f8a9

Never accept weird tea from alchemists.
>>
No. 594590 ID: d90668

Tell him thank you and sit down to talk.

But don't drink the tea right now. Be polite if he insists and tell him some of the mushrooms down here don't agree with you. Offer some to Faz though.

Honestly you are sort of in this guys power right now so if he wants to do something bad would be hard to avoid it. But still pays to be careful regardless.
>>
No. 594592 ID: e06dcb
File 141104313667.png - (9.81KB , 800x600 , Tea.png )
594592

>Never accept weird tea from alchemists.

Zeeke
-"Thanks... but I don't drink tea."

Master
-"Oh... too bad, I brewed it this morning."

Zeeke
-"Soo... about the reason you summoned us here? It wasn't only for a cup of tea... right?"

Master
-"Yes I have proposition for you Zeeke... but before I make it, I wish to test your cunning."

Zeeke
-"My what? Is that some kind of a sexual innuendo?"

Master
-"Can you tell what sets me and my servant apart form the rest of the colorfull array of criminals and misfits in this mines?"
>>
No. 594594 ID: d90668

Honestly I know nothing about you other than the fact you have set up a curio shop in the bottom of a prison. That or you had a curio shop here before they made it a prison.

I could make guesses about you all day but all I really know is you are not openly involved in prison life. Which means you have your own way of getting food and supplies. So you either just like your privacy or you are one of the secret powers down here.

Be careful with this guy Zeeke. He seems like a combination of a crazy hermit and a plotting mobster.
>>
No. 594596 ID: 001618

the fact that both him and his crew seem to have much more at there disposal then your average prisoner. I mean we saw the cloak guy had some kind of magic, this guy somehow manages to get materials to make a lot of different alchemic potions and whatnot. Honestly I'm wondering where they get all this crap, I mean it's not like they can bribe the guards to get the materials and one would think the guards would take away any personal items really before they threw you in here, magical or not.
>>
No. 594611 ID: 5b4e0e

Resources? Training? Triple digit IQs?
>>
No. 594643 ID: bb78f2

Admit you're not too cunning, but since your asking this so suddenly, when you and your assistant are cloaked, and I haven't been able to really take the time to even know you... is that it's a trick question and your both the same person and completely alike in every way.

Just a guess though. Probably wrong, but given the odds its a trick question it seems like a probable answer.
>>
No. 594722 ID: e06dcb
File 141112239597.png - (11.21KB , 800x400 , Tea 2.png )
594722

Zeeke
-"Honestly... I have no clue what are you talking about old man."

Jugo
-"Please call me Jugo. And the thing I was refering to was a way by wich we entered the "Iron Mines". You see, me and my servant here are not prisoners of Mountain King. I myself is more of an explorer, or at least that what I was calling myself many years ago."

Zeeke heard a light chuckle that came from underneath this mushroom shaped helmet.

Jugo
-"The proposition of mine include a deal that will greatly benefit both of us. I know the way out of this mountain, through uncharted tunnels, and I can gide you through them."

Zeeke
-"...huh. Sounds too good to be true, what's the catch?"

Jugo
-"he-he-he... There always one, ain't it right. So let's say the catch is a simple one. The certain something you uncovered from dirt... you will take it along to the surface."
>>
No. 594725 ID: d90668

So he knows about us and wants you to take us with you. Well that's easy enough.

That or he is fishing and wants you to admit that you found something.

Either way I would say to accept his offer. Might be a trick but you do not have a lot of options right now.
>>
No. 594727 ID: bb78f2

Well yeah okay that seems super easy.
Tell him the gem thanks you. We like these guys down here.
But also let him know the GEM is calling the shots here, not you Zeeke, to make it perfectly clear. You're really conducting business with them.
Or tell him that's what we like to think, whatever. We're more than an object, we're people too!
>>
No. 594730 ID: e06dcb
File 141113168090.png - (11.26KB , 800x600 , gem.png )
594730

Zeeke accepts Jugo's offer.

>Or tell him that's what we like to think, whatever. We're more than an object, we're people too!

Zeeke
-"so... this gem... what is it exactly. You seems to know something about it."

Jugo
-"Hehe aside from it being an ancient magical artifact, I can't tell much myself. This thing predates recorded history, going all the way into the "dark ages"...
>>
No. 594731 ID: e06dcb
File 141113222642.png - (12.22KB , 800x600 , gem 2.png )
594731

... and so Gem's or Orb's as they sometimes called usually pass from person to person, guiding the holder to his or her greatness or doom. I heard many stories of kings made by their own hands with help of this orb, I heard of stories of great calamities mysterious orb at it cen... hrrrghhh... hrrrghhh..."

Zeeke
-"..."
>>
No. 594732 ID: e06dcb
File 141113228513.png - (12.30KB , 800x600 , gem 3.png )
594732

Zeeke
-"... OLD MAN!"

Jugo
-"Booghya?! Ah... oh my apologies... story was soo boring that I fell asleep."

Zeeke
-"You where the one telling it!!!"
>>
No. 594740 ID: d90668

Well either that was a short story or it was so boring we slept through most of it as well.

Anyways whatever lets get you out of here so we can go make your dreams come true.
>>
No. 594743 ID: d8a627

If the story's so boring that you fall asleep while telling it yourself, then shorten it up! The gem can make a great person or it can ruin civilizations. Anything else?
>>
No. 594758 ID: 9ddf68

kay, then why does he want us to go topside? I can understand that we could be considered valuable as both a guide and a weapon from what little of the old man said but why not just, well, take us for himself instead of having you take us? Unless he thinks we'd bring him doom if he did, which thinking on it we'd certainly try.
>>
No. 594772 ID: bb78f2

Just tell him we're people too, okay!
There are people in here.
Don't call us an object!
We'll call HIM an object and see how he likes it.

Maybe we should just ignore this carbon-based organic compound, I mean, all it is just a a thing that is particularly skilled at alchemy. This mere gem makes or breaks people with nothing in-between, I don't have time for it. Just agree to what it says and get the fuck out of here.
>>
No. 594774 ID: 879a42

Maybe he never fell asleep, just told you part of the story on purpose. He is a wise old adventurer with shifty motives after all.
>>
No. 594775 ID: 40935b

Is there anything else we'll need? That way to the surface must be perilous if nobody's used it to escape. Gather your stuff and anyone loyal to you -or pissed of at Figarr and Zaifa- and go forth to the surface. Vengeance will be ours!
>>
No. 594784 ID: e06dcb
File 141117728484.png - (10.92KB , 800x600 , weapons.png )
594784

>Is there anything else we'll need?

Jugo
-"...oh... right. Where did I put it"

After roaming through his belongings Jugo unearth a roll of leather filled with assortment of weapons.

Jugo
-"Each of you can pick only one. I'm still a merchant after all."
>>
No. 594785 ID: e06dcb
File 141117733064.png - (12.31KB , 800x600 , weapons 2.png )
594785

[Choose weapons for Zeeke, Paz and Faz]
>>
No. 594795 ID: 436cdc

hammer for zeeke, obviously. Make use of that physique, zeeke.
Faz might have fun with that cutlass thing, very CHOP CHOP kinda weapon.
And as for Paz, uh
the dagger maybe? Not sure what Paz is proficient with. We should ask them.
>>
No. 594799 ID: 40935b

Give the 'bolds something they can actually carry- Paz should take the knife or ax, and Faz should take one of the swords. If you don't have any experience with weapons, take the hammer or club- they don't require much finesse. If anyone has experience with or a preference for a weapon they haven't shown, equip yourselves accordingly.
>>
No. 594809 ID: e06dcb
File 141118207110.png - (15.38KB , 800x600 , weapons 3.png )
594809

> If anyone has experience with or a preference for a weapon they haven't shown, equip yourselves accordingly.

-Nobody here have any previous expirince with weapons so... Zeeke picks up the hammer and passes cutlass to Faz, his eyes fill's with child like glee. As for Paz... the dagger would do.
Towering giant enters the cave carrying unconcious Paz.

???
-He... ehm... tripped and fell.
>>
No. 594821 ID: 9ddf68

...riiiight, well since he's here just slip him knife and lets see where we're off to next
>>
No. 594825 ID: e06dcb
File 141118416853.png - (6.95KB , 800x600 , tunnels .png )
594825

>...riiiight, well since he's here just slip him knife and lets see where we're off to next

Zeeke slips the knife to Paz, and the group sets off into dark uncharted tunnels...
>>
No. 594826 ID: 9ffae6

>>594809
Pas doesn't exactly scream 'combat'
Take the knife, say its for him, but for god's sake don't give it to him for everyone's sake he is better off running and hiding when trouble happens.
>>
No. 594829 ID: 436cdc

So, uh, tall dark and frightening. What's your name? We can't just keep calling you "That guy", that'll just get confusing after a while.
>>
No. 594831 ID: e06dcb
File 141118506414.png - (9.13KB , 800x600 , OC.png )
594831

>So, uh, tall dark and frightening. What's your name? We can't just keep calling you "That guy", that'll just get confusing after a while.

Oculus
-"The name given to me by my creator was Oculus The GateKeeper. You can call me just O."
>>
No. 594840 ID: 879a42

Okay, and why are you called the gatekeeper then? What gates do you keep? (Sounds like a portal to me.)
>>
No. 594857 ID: b0fadc

[quote]Okay, and why are you called the gatekeeper then? What gates do you keep? (Sounds like a portal to me.)[/quote]Or he could just guard the tunnels.
>>
No. 594858 ID: d90668

Hey are you that pervert gatekeeper eye Paz met before? Is that why he "tripped and fell"?

Anyways no hard feelings. If you want we can put spy on cute girls on the list of things to do.
>>
No. 594859 ID: 9ddf68

were you the one that asked to see the goblin's tits? you know the little guy only just turned around and hummed a little song when the scary goblin lady asked him to, I'm not even to sure he know what was going on at the time.
>>
No. 594864 ID: e06dcb
File 141119247595.png - (9.11KB , 800x600 , OC 2.png )
594864

>were you the one that asked to see the goblin's tits?

Oculus
-"I have no idea what you talking about."
>>
No. 594865 ID: 9ddf68

uh-huh, anyways where do this tunnels come out at and how long would you say the walk is going to be?
>>
No. 594866 ID: e06dcb
File 141119281025.png - (15.09KB , 800x600 , topside.png )
594866

After a few hours walking through pitch black tunnels Zeeke finally saw glimmer of light in the distance... Cold night air filled his nostrils as he made a first breath of fresh air in half a year.

The group succesfully reached topside. Its looks like exit is located in a forest at the base of a mountian.
>>
No. 594869 ID: e06dcb
File 141119317826.png - (16.07KB , 800x600 , crossroad.png )
594869

Jugo
-"Well from here we must part ways... I have a number of promises to keep and look like you can handle the rest by yourself."

Zeeke
-"...thanks... Jugo."

Jugo
-"A word of advice before we go. You would want to get as far as possible from this valley before sunrise, we may be outside the Iron Mountain, but there is still a lot of guard posts in the vecinity. And you would want change thouse clothes, to look less conspicuous. So do you have any questions?"
>>
No. 594870 ID: 9ddf68

any advice on where to run or just anywhere but here and the back towards the mountain? Also any idea where we could get a spare change of clothes because I think walking around naked would attract more attention then walking around in a prison uniform.
>>
No. 594871 ID: e06dcb
File 141119400227.png - (16.64KB , 800x600 , crossroad 2.png )
594871

>any advice on where to run or just anywhere but here and the back towards the mountain? Also any idea where we could get a spare change of clothes because I think walking around naked would attract more attention then walking around in a prison uniform.

Jugo
-"Oh... of course you must be not familiar with lands around here. Here take this"

Zeeke obtain's 'crudely drawn map'.

The nearest place I would suggest is small village to the east from here. But be cautious. Guards often visit local pubs and tavern.

Any more questions?
>>
No. 594872 ID: 9ddf68

what's Oculus look at?

Other then that I say look at the map and we should probably stay away from the town if guards go there often. If the guards are there the people of the town might know what uniforms the prisoners in the prison wear and would out you right away. As for where else to go, I'll let you know after seeing the map.
>>
No. 594873 ID: d8a627

>>594866
Zeek, man, you gotta make sure you get a thicker outfit. We're shining like the midnight stars on a starry night. Which is to say, we're pretty damn visible.
>>
No. 594874 ID: 9ddf68

>>594872
*looking at

apparently the fresh are of freedom messes with my grammar a bit.
>>
No. 594875 ID: 879a42

(Whoooo freedom) Man being stuck in that cave for 1000 years really gives you a crick in the neck! Well let's head over to that town, and let's not visit the pubs eh?

(At least not yet...)
>>
No. 594876 ID: 879a42

Will we ever cross paths again?
>>
No. 594882 ID: b0fadc

Grab a rock then hit it with an other rock, use the sharpest rock to cut down a tree then knap a smaller rock to drill with and for carving, use the small rock to create wooden pants, wear them and if anybody asks you're an elf. Have the koblods do the same.
>>
No. 594883 ID: aa6004

>>594882
Naah. This is the mountains, right? We should find a local critter to skin. Find ye a goat!
>>
No. 594884 ID: e06dcb
File 141121274023.png - (16.98KB , 800x600 , crossroad 3.png )
594884

>Will we ever cross paths again?

Jugo
-"I hope not. I feel you are gonna be a man who gets himself in all kinds of trouble. He-he-he if you ever will need to find me, ask around in tavern called "Muddy Crab" on the 'Green Isles'. Oh and will be better if won't go around mentioning my name. I got quite alot of enemies. I wouldn't want it to become your problem."

Zeeke bid farewell by hand/claw-shake after wich Jugo and his companion dissappears into the night.

>Grab a rock then hit it with an other rock, use the sharpest rock to cut down a tree then knap a smaller rock to drill with and for carving, use the small rock to create wooden pants, wear them and if anybody asks you're an elf. Have the koblods do the same.

-Good plan but we don't have enough time for it. By the looks of the sky I can tell that it's already past midnight. We need to hurry.
>>
No. 594885 ID: e06dcb
File 141121385246.png - (23.37KB , 800x600 , map look.png )
594885

Zeeke rolls out the map and lights it with dim glowing of 'gem'.

Zeeke
-"...soo looks like we are here (points at the mark right at ther base of the -Iron Mountain-), not too far to the east a second mark shows small town called Falkirk." The third mark is capital of Gorra kingdom -Onryx- city of pillars.
>>
No. 594886 ID: b0fadc

Oculus seems to have cloth to spare, but if you do need to get your own cloths you can either dye the one you currently have or use my previous suggestion but hide back in the mine during the day. You could bring back some hard wood and attempt to build a smelter and forge to make plate mail, but I'm not sure if you would be able to get the smelter to work and even if you did you would only have iron and I can't promise that the smelter won't catch on fire and kill everyone in the area. If you do decide to make Iron armor and possibly weapons make sure to use wrought iron instead of pig iron. You might be able to make some kind of cloth depending on what kind of plants are around there.
>>
No. 594888 ID: aa6004

>>594885
Small town Falkirk sounds good. Hopefully we can hustle up some clothing from a house or something. We shouldn't stay long in the town, we just get clothing and other supplies we need via burglary or begging, and be on our way south or south-west. We can squat on the wilderness for a while to lay low.
>>
No. 594901 ID: 40935b

Make your way to the town. Once we get there, Paz might be able to find work as a cook, you can try some fishing that won't get you arrested, and Faz- well, what was Faz in for? Anyway, you'll need disguises. You're the most recognizable of the group, so you'll need something more than a change of clothes. Lets try not to give the law a reason to throw us back down that hole just after we got out.
>>
No. 594903 ID: e06dcb
File 141122805995.png - (95.53KB , 800x600 , under sky.png )
594903

-So to the Falkirk then...

Under cover of the night, Zeeke and his minions make their way to the small town at edge of the valley. Half way there Paz regained his consciousness.

>You could bring back some hard wood and attempt to build a smelter and forge to make plate mail, but I'm not sure if you would be able to get the smelter to work and even if you did you would only have iron and I can't promise that the smelter won't catch on fire and kill everyone in the area. If you do decide to make Iron armor and possibly weapons make sure to use wrought iron instead of pig iron. You might be able to make some kind of cloth depending on what kind of plants are around there.

-I'm not much of handy man. I don't posses any blacksmith or carpenter skills.

A bit of an art change... just because.
>>
No. 594904 ID: e06dcb
File 141122829625.png - (123.83KB , 800x600 , Falkirk.png )
594904

Approaching Falkirk...

Zeeke don't see much people on the streets. Most of the residents must be ether asleep or spending their earnings at the local tavern.

-So what should we do now?
>>
No. 594905 ID: aa6004

Seeany clothing or rags about, even discarded ones? Steal 'em.
>>
No. 594906 ID: 879a42

High risk to check out the tavern. Its literally just gonna temp us to walk in there, have a nice friendly beer...then get royally screwed. On the other hand if we change clothes first by possibly stealing some from a cloth line, (Only because its an emergency) then you might go in there unnoticed, maybe pick up some info.

Its real risky, and if you steal the clothes, someone could recognize them and the next day people will look for them. You might just want to nab some clothes, food, and head farther away from the mountain.
>>
No. 594975 ID: e06dcb
File 141125891808.png - (105.01KB , 800x600 , clothing.png )
594975

>Seeany clothing or rags about, even discarded ones? Steal 'em.
>stealing some from a cloth line

After a bit of wandering on the streets while avoiding random residents. Zeeke spots a cloth line hanged up between two buildings.

Two left most of them are kid-sized, so there is now way they will fit you.
>>
No. 594976 ID: bb78f2

Cloak for you
Maybe the dress too, suck it up Zeeke.
And the bra/panty combo, just to finish the illusion.

They're going to be looking for a Fuzzy Man Cat thing, not a fuzzy catgirl.
The kiddie clothes can go to Paz and Faz.
>>
No. 594977 ID: d90668

You can disguise yourself as a ugly mom and her two hideous children.
>>
No. 594980 ID: 40935b

... I'm thinking you should take the cloak for yourself, pants and funny hat for Paz and shorts for Faz. Paz is pretty androgynous, but I doubt you could convincingly pull off a dress.
>>
No. 595010 ID: e06dcb
File 141126948227.png - (76.38KB , 800x600 , heh 2.png )
595010

Zeeke
-"I have no idea if this makes us look more or less conspicuous."
>>
No. 595011 ID: d90668

It's a better look than "Hey I just escaped from the prison down the way" vibe you had going.

Go scope out the town a bit. Are your people common around these parts? Or Kobolds for that matter?

If not they will think you look strange regardless. Now we need to find you some supplies and get the lay of the land.
>>
No. 595013 ID: d8a627

>>595010
Faz took the dress? I'm guessing she's not a he like Fuzzball McFists implied, then?
>>
No. 595024 ID: e06dcb
File 141128167975.png - (122.18KB , 800x600 , Shop.png )
595024

>Go scope out the town a bit. Are your people common around these parts? Or Kobolds for that matter?

-I can't do much scoping during the night. Most of the residents are still asleep.

> Now we need to find you some supplies and get the lay of the land.

The party searches the town for some places where supplies can be obtained... They managed to find a trading alley with a number of different shops (all of wich are closed now).
>>
No. 595025 ID: d90668

I see a open window if you want to try your hand at some burgling.

Also the bell tower might be a good place to hide out and sleep unnoticed but make sure to watch for the bell being rung. Could just be for alarms or could be a church bell.

Any idea what time of year it is? The sky seems clear and there are fires in peoples hearths. If winter is coming you might need a place to hole up for the season.

Oh and where did you live before you got thrown in jail? Not sure if you want or could go back there but would be good to know for reference.
>>
No. 595030 ID: e06dcb
File 141128478109.png - (99.79KB , 800x600 , looting.png )
595030

>I see a open window if you want to try your hand at some burgling.
After sending Paz inside the closed shop, party succesfully managed to obtain supplies for the 1 week.

>Any idea what time of year it is?
-I think its autumn. Considering that I was arrested during spring full moon celebration.

>Oh and where did you live before you got thrown in jail?
-I had a small shack on the outskirts of Onryx, after my old man died and my mom left I been living there pretty much by myself.

>Also the bell tower might be a good place to hide
-I don't know... should we rest here for the rest of the night or move on immideatly?

Paz
-"I'm sleepy..."
>>
No. 595032 ID: 9ddf68

I'd say get a light rest in and try to leave at first light. It;s not like anyone knows you got out of the prison and if you're going to travel where you might come across something that isn't very friendly you three will be rested enough to actually defend yourself.
>>
No. 595033 ID: d90668

Someone is going to notice the food theft in the morning so any stranger in town is going to be suspect.

If you have enough supplies for a week I would keep moving south to the capital while the weather permits. Staying around here could end up with you stuck for the winter in a small town.

So get a ways out of town and find some shelter for the night. If you can grab a blanket while you are here it would be handy. As for Paz being sleepy you carried him before and you can do it again if need be.
>>
No. 595035 ID: e06dcb
File 141129059534.png - (105.36KB , 800x600 , Falkirk 2.png )
595035

>Someone is going to notice the food theft in the morning so any stranger in town is going to be suspect.
-We'd better move on before sunrise.

Zeeke, Paz and Faz leave the Falkirk unnoticed...

>If you have enough supplies for a week I would keep moving south to the capital while the weather permits.

Their path lies to the south... towards the capital.
>>
No. 595049 ID: 879a42

Well done Zeeke, you got outta there with a good haul and played it smart. Try to stay off (but not completely away from) the main roads, patrols are likely to look there for escaped prisoners should they find out you three are missing.
>>
No. 595051 ID: abb867

>>595049
Kinda doubt they'll miss anyone, Zeeke did say at the first thread that they just toss prisoners in and forget.
>>
No. 595212 ID: e06dcb
File 141137489509.png - (104.24KB , 800x600 , Asleep.png )
595212

After a restless night out in the wilderness as the sky brightened with the first ray of sun, party stops for rest near the trading route that leads to Onryx. Nearby foliage provided much needed cover. Without much power left Zeeke's fell's asleep.
>>
No. 595213 ID: 879a42

(Woo...zeeke chapter four. Let's let him sleep for a bit longer, he looks pooped out. Of course cue someone waking him up with a bugle for crissakes.)
>>
No. 595215 ID: e06dcb
File 141138297227.gif - (110.48KB , 800x600 , Asleep-2.gif )
595215

>Let's let him sleep for a bit longer, he looks pooped out.

Party sleeps in for another half a day... it evening now.
>>
No. 595216 ID: 50a925

>>595215
Pffffhahahahaha! Well, now that it's a new chapter already, and it's dark out, wake up. Moving under cover of darkness is a good way to not get spotted by whoever's looking for you.
But on the flipside, predators also roam the night, and if this setting has supernatural shenanigans you best believe they'll come out at night.
Relevant music video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8nMxqhY2cA
>>
No. 595217 ID: e06dcb
File 141138874156.png - (117.34KB , 800x600 , awake.png )
595217

Zeeke wakes up as he realizes it's already getting dark...

Zeeke
-"Oh shit! Is it getting dark already?! You stupid gem why didn't you wake me up at noon?! I can't spent another night in the woods its cold and moist!"

Paz
-"Good mor... evening."
>>
No. 595218 ID: d90668

Good evening Mr Bold snuggler.

We thought about waking you but if all of you slept this long you probably needed it.

Anyways I think I see someone headed down the road behind you. Lets get on the move and head to the capitol. Looks like you can see it from here so should be somewhat close.
>>
No. 595221 ID: e26cbe

You shouldn't be moving in the daytime, you broke out of freaking jail. You've got good numbers and you're armed, it should be safe to move at night.
>>
No. 595233 ID: d8a627

>You stupid gem why didn't you wake me up at noon?!
Erg, sorry, when we decided to not wake you up at sunrise, we seemed to have fallen asleep ourselves, until dusk... Should have specified amongst ourselves just how long to let you sleep.
>>
No. 595242 ID: e6e219

Zeeke you are never going to convince us that you do not have something going on with Paz at this rate.

Anyways make sure to let us know if you want wake up calls from now on. Everyone was exhausted so we sort of fell asleep with you.

Time to get back on the road. Looks like there is a traveler on the road back there. Maybe can have some company on the way.
>>
No. 595246 ID: 9ddf68

>You stupid gem why didn't you wake me up at noon?!
Because no one is after us, we can't really feel anything so we didn't know what the climate was like, and you three did need your sleep. We don't really have a clue on what we're planning to do next so I figured it would probably be better if you got a good sleep in first so you're not tired and therefor alert while we figure out what to do next.

Plus we kind dozed off a bit ourselves so yeah.
>>
No. 595259 ID: 879a42

(Bad judgement, I just wanted him to have enough energy to be able to function D;) Sorry zeeke, you just looked so tired and comfy. Thought you needed the sleep.

......So what's the plan of action then? I suggest you use the roads because of potential predators.
>>
No. 595320 ID: b0fadc

Ignore the voices telling you to avoid predators, predators are good for training so you should fight as many of the not so dangerous but still pretty dangerous ones as possible.
>>
No. 595376 ID: e06dcb
File 141146855919.png - (116.28KB , 800x600 , wagon.png )
595376

>Good evening Mr Bold snuggler.
-What are you even...?
Zeeke
-"Paz!!! Again!"

Paz
-"...but your fur is warm..."

>You shouldn't be moving in the daytime, you broke out of freaking jail. You've got good numbers and you're armed, it should be safe to move at night.
-Welp... fair enough.

>Time to get back on the road. Looks like there is a traveler on the road back there. Maybe can have some company on the way.
-Huh...

Zeeke sees a single wagon moving down the road. Traders...? Maybe?
>>
No. 595379 ID: c62034

>>595376
Be wary of additional escorts that may be off-screen. And if they are traders it's highly suspicious that one is without escorts. Take a look closer at the cart. If you deem it safe, then go up the path ahead of the cart, and stick out your thumb. Make sure the 'bolds are visible too.
>>
No. 595380 ID: e06dcb
File 141147163837.png - (102.37KB , 800x600 , ambush.png )
595380

>Take a look closer at the cart.
-Seems normal enough... hmm

>Be wary of additional escorts that may be off-screen.
-If its an escort... shouldn't they like move along with cart... not hide in the bushes by the road? Cloaks and daggers... I never liked that combination.
>>
No. 595381 ID: c62034

>>595380
Aww sheeit. Dat trader gon get jumped. Well, time to choose a side, Zeeke. The trader or the bandit team? The trader might help you regain your good name, but they might not have the odds on their side. The bandit team is definitely winning, but you know, life of crime and all that - you were just getting out of prison.
>>
No. 595382 ID: 53ba34

trader is way too easy of a target. must be a trap. strike the bandits from behind when they strike.
>>
No. 595383 ID: d90668

Well you have two big options as I see it. You can warn the trader by yelling or attacking the bandits. Or you can just ignore the whole thing and keep moving.

Helping the trader could be a good thing but they could just run for it the second you yell which would leave you three alone to fight the bandits.

I count 5 visible bandits and there could be more on the other side of the road. Unless Faz has some nasty attack magic your group is currently lacking in strong fighters.

Oh just had a idea. Ask Faz if he can use his magic to light up the bandits. The cart will see them lurking and make a break for it and you can sneak off without the bandits realizing what you did.
>>
No. 595385 ID: 9ddf68

Oh neat, you seemed to have just walked into a band of thieves looking for an easy score. Seeing as you're looking to avoid more jail time I'd say wait for the attack to start, move towards the bushes, wait in the bushes, then step back and carry on using the darkness as cover. We're not hurting on supplies and after the goblins I'm in no hurry to join up with another band of cutthroats.
>>
No. 595389 ID: b0fadc

Have Faz use her fire magic to kill the bandits.
>>
No. 595529 ID: 26d79f

>>595380
Well you've got the cloak, pretend to be one of them. In the midst of a heist I doubt they'd notice and extra addition to their numbers.

Then, proceed to back stab them when the opportunity strikes. If none shows up, then we'll have to make do with what we can, won't we?
>>
No. 595542 ID: 879a42

Well we can't buddy buddy with the bandits, so do we help or hinder the traders? I say we wait for the bandits to break cover then when they get close have faz cast magic from cover. You need to step out and assist the caravan or they will assume that you are bandits too.
>>
No. 595573 ID: e06dcb
File 141155669675.png - (136.94KB , 800x600 , fire .png )
595573

>Oh just had a idea. Ask Faz if he can use his magic to light up the bandits.

Zeeke
-"Faz? Do you think you can pull it off"

Faz
-"Maybe... if I get close enough and nobody throws dagger at me..."

>Well you've got the cloak, pretend to be one of them. In the midst of a heist I doubt they'd notice and extra addition to their numbers.
-I highly doubt that... I count only five of them and they would notice if get too close.

Zeeke
-"What do you think Paz?"

Paz
-"We can take them! Those people need help! We are the good guys, so we help them... right?"

Zeeke
-"...ugh."

A)We are the good guys.
B)We are the bad guys.
C)We are two bolds and one fisher, f**k this.
>>
No. 595576 ID: eb80fd

We're not good guys or bad guys, we are two bolds and one fisher, WITH MAGIC, f**k them!
Paz you defend Faz until he's ready.
Zeeke channel the power of Thor! Its hammer time!
>>
No. 595580 ID: b93696

>>595573
D) We are freemen with a plan.
And that plan is to clean our name, no matter the cost!
Paz, sneak and distract the bandits while they stop the cart to buy time for Faz to blast a hole in their barricade. Then you, Zeeke, get the Trader moving along, and get the 'bolds to ride the cart. Then zoom out of there FAST. If Paz distracts them good, they won't even see you.
This sounds like a plan? Heck yes.
>>
No. 595582 ID: 3009b4

Just to jump in as the voice of reason, but what do you plan to gain from this?

If you're trying to clear your name, then if you attack before they do, you might not appear to be defending the trader at all but just be bandits skirmishing amongst each other.

Attack too late and the victim may die and then you don't get any fame at all.

Now if it's just a case of taking the bandit's stuff -- then attack quietly. You're going to want to time it to just before the victim is in their range, because they'll be very focused on their target and the least likely to be paying attention to their backs.
>>
No. 595596 ID: b0fadc

Try to sneak onto the road and try to make it seem like you are a band of adventurers, the trader will be less likely to assume you are bandits than if you were to attack before they attack and less likely to die than if you waited until the fight to start.
>>
No. 595627 ID: 879a42

Both A and C. We are the good guys but we are also just people. We will do what we can. (Or not if you don't want to earn some good favor with the people.)
>>
No. 595742 ID: e06dcb
File 141163947950.png - (165.74KB , 800x600 , bandits.png )
595742

>We're not good guys or bad guys, we are two bolds and one fisher, WITH MAGIC, f**k them!

Bandits jumps out of their cover ambushing the trading wagon.

There is no time to hesitate!
>>
No. 595743 ID: e06dcb
File 141163973713.png - (173.31KB , 800x600 , bandits 2.png )
595743

>Paz you defend Faz until he's ready.

Zeeke
-"Faz! Fire at will! Paz cover him!"

(Action Scene)

Bandit
-"Whaaa!!! What the!!! I'm on fire!!!"

Bandits
-"Shit! What the hell!!!"

(Party receives initiative bonus)
>>
No. 595744 ID: e06dcb
File 141163993001.png - (140.98KB , 800x600 , Hammer time.png )
595744

>Zeeke channel the power of Thor! Its hammer time!
-I have no idea who is this Thor fella... but something tells me to shout... [input line]
>>
No. 595745 ID: 3daf64

>>595744
"IT'S HAMMER TIME!"
Paz, gain their attention, and flash them with your chest! They'll be either dazed or confused, allowing Faz to light another guy on fire and Zeeke to bring down the hammer on another!
>>
No. 595748 ID: 879a42

''TARKUUUS!!!''
>>
No. 595750 ID: 2ec61a

SHIT'S ON FIRE YO
>>
No. 595751 ID: d859ba

"EVERYTHING LOOKS LIKE A NAIL!"
alternatively
"FOR THE EMPEROR!"
>>
No. 595752 ID: d859ba

Oh and I almost forgot, you could always use the default tgchan battle cry of "Unclench your buttocks and prepare your anus!"
>>
No. 595755 ID: e06dcb
File 141165051314.png - (133.33KB , 800x600 , one down .png )
595755

>Unclench your buttocks and prepare your anus!

Zeeke
-"...WHAT?!"
>>
No. 595756 ID: e06dcb
File 141165083251.png - (89.76KB , 800x600 , bold bolds.png )
595756

Bandit #1
-"Shit! Who the hell they are?!"

Bandit #3
-"They got majic user! That kobold... in pink dress?! Get him!!!"
>>
No. 595757 ID: d90668

If you let anyone get to close to Faz she is going to not be able to do anything. You and Paz need to work on distracting them and shielding her from attack.

So push your attack and try to keep some of them occupied enough so that Faz can light them up.
>>
No. 595758 ID: e06dcb
File 141165242774.png - (130.70KB , 800x600 , oh .png )
595758

>You and Paz need to work on distracting them and shielding her from attack.
-Nghhh! I got my hands full with one here! (Shit I'm not a fighter after all!)
>>
No. 595759 ID: e06dcb
File 141165249473.png - (155.03KB , 800x600 , magics.png )
595759

-Other three are already closing in on Faz!
>>
No. 595760 ID: d90668

Paz will do his best but you could give them a few seconds with a bluff.

Yell out loudly "They are in the kill zone, archers open fire"!

Might cause the attackers to pause for a second. Judging by the size of that fireball Faz only needs a moment.

Another option would be to hurl your hammer Thor style at one of the attackers. Only do this if you can quickly retrieve the sword that was dropped by the guy you took out.
>>
No. 595761 ID: 40935b

Become the biggest menace in the area to get their attention away from the 'bolds. Crack one in the leg to immobilize him, then jump kick another or something. Faz, you attack the last guy. Paz, cheap shot anyone not focused on you.
>>
No. 595762 ID: fe4bfc

We will try to channel you some fighting memories if we can.

I do like the bluff idea. Making them think there are archers hiding in the trees might give you a moment of uncertainty you can take advantage of.
>>
No. 595764 ID: e06dcb
File 141165516308.png - (114.50KB , 800x600 , bluf.png )
595764

>Yell out loudly...

Zeeke
-"They are in the kill zone, archers open fire"!

Bandits fell into it, freezing in place for a moment. Just enough time to do this!!!
>>
No. 595765 ID: e06dcb
File 141165525038.png - (111.75KB , 800x600 , hammer cannon.png )
595765

>...hurl your hammer Thor style at one of the attackers.
>>
No. 595766 ID: e06dcb
File 141165535512.png - (78.54KB , 800x600 , bullseye.png )
595766

Zeeke
-"...one more down!"
>>
No. 595767 ID: fe4bfc

Nice shot!

Now quickly pick up the sword the first guy you took out dropped. Need something to protect yourself. Then keep the guy near you distracted. Now that it's three on three your bolds have a better chance.
>>
No. 595768 ID: 001618

damn nice shoot, was that guy the guy in front of you or one of the guys rushing the bolds? cause if it was the guy in front of you grab your hammer and take the bandits from behind, Hopefully your bluff plus hitting them from to directions will buy Faz enough time to cast another spell.
>>
No. 595833 ID: 00cd0d

Combined [Magic gem] with [Hammer] to create [Mjolnir].
Be unable to lift [Mjolnir].
>>
No. 595836 ID: 879a42

Grab a nearby sword and go to engage them. If you can stall them maybe faz can drop another one with fire. Also yell TAKE COVER! To continue the archer bluff.
>>
No. 595838 ID: 879a42

Actually only yell it until faz has cast his spell, don't want I'm jumping for cover.
>>
No. 595906 ID: 1dcbcf
File 141172735205.png - (91.47KB , 800x400 , parry.png )
595906

>Now quickly pick up the sword the first guy you took out dropped. Need something to protect yourself. Then keep the guy near you distracted.

Zeeke picks up the rusty iron sword.

>Combined [Magic gem] with [Hammer] to create [Mjolnir]. Be unable to lift [Mjolnir].

(Zeeke doesn't have skills in art of enchantment.)

>Hopefully your bluff plus hitting them from to directions will buy Faz enough time to cast another spell.

Zeeke
-"I hope so... holy..."
>>
No. 595908 ID: 1dcbcf
File 141172753837.png - (156.44KB , 800x600 , flame petals .png )
595908

...SHIT!!!

-Well... now I'm glad that Faz is on our side.

All three bandits attacking kobolds where roasted.
>>
No. 595910 ID: 879a42

That firepower (:D) Time to put away your weapons and check on the caravan, also make sure you get the hammer back.
>>
No. 595911 ID: b0fadc

Take all of the weapons and clothing they have and if you don't think it will be useful sell it to the trader along with the corpses.
>>
No. 595914 ID: f99558
File 141173818833.png - (111.66KB , 800x600 , you will pay .png )
595914

The last bandit takes off running into the woods.

Bandit
-"This ain't over!!! You hear me!!! You will pay!!!"

Somehow you managed to pull it off... 5 against 3 and you won.

>Take all of the weapons and clothing they have.

You obtain:
3x daggers
2x rusty short swords
1x rusty broad sword
1x cloak + 1x set of bandits clothes (other three are fire damaged beyond repair)
4x poutions of minor healing
160 GP
>>
No. 595915 ID: f99558
File 141173849860.png - (104.73KB , 800x600 , traders.png )
595915

>check on the caravan
-It's hardly the caravan with only one wagon.

Trader turned out to be a local farmers moving his harvest of radishes to sell in the capital.

They thank you for saving them from bandits, but sadly they don't have anything of value to repay you with.
>>
No. 595920 ID: 879a42

.....Ask for a ride into town?

Divvy up potions and give faz some of the bandits clothes, its better than the dress. Maybe change up the clothes so they look somewhat different, don't want people thinking faz is a bandit.
>>
No. 595921 ID: b0fadc

This is actually not that bad, if I remember right farmers have some kind of use for saltpeter or sulfur. If he has saltpeter then we already have the most complicated ingredient in gun powder, if he has sulfur then we have the only ingredient in gunpowder that can't be manufactured with their technology.
>>
No. 595927 ID: d8a627

>>595920
A ride into town does sound like a fair thing to ask for. It didn't look like the town was very near, after all.
>>
No. 595931 ID: 5b4e0e

And make sure you pick up your hammer.
>>
No. 595939 ID: 421653

He could always give you his whatever than person next to him is.
Regardless, get hammer; get ride into town; sell scrap metal and clothes you don't want;
see if there is a reward or bounty for dead bandit; shopping; go to brothel for place to stay, sustenance, fun times.
>>
No. 595942 ID: 9ddf68

congratulate the kobolds for doing a good job, grab your hammer and ask for a ride, you did say yourself that you didn't want to spend another night out here.

Also you said the when the guards through you in prison they pretty much forgot about you seeing as people who go in never come out but has the rest of the world forgot about you? I'm asking because I'm wondering if it would be safe to use your real name or if we should use a fake one? If fake just use your dad's or grampa's name for now, whatever one you feel safer using.
>>
No. 595946 ID: b0fadc

The swords are probably made out of decent steel so you should keep them to make a gun later.
>>
No. 595958 ID: 879a42

Meant to include in my first post, get the hammer. Master the ways of the hammer.
>>
No. 595964 ID: f99558
File 141177335176.png - (108.12KB , 800x600 , traders 2.png )
595964

>.....Ask for a ride into town.

Fogzuu
-"Sure thing (he looks a bit surprised), climb in the back. Its a little craped in there but I think you would manage. My name is Fog by the way. Oh and this right here (points at the dust elf) is my employee Nashka"

Nashka
-"Hi"
>>
No. 595970 ID: f99558
File 141177434273.png - (95.61KB , 800x600 , beyon recognition.png )
595970

>see if there is a reward or bounty for dead bandit
-Sadly faces of all four are burnt beyond recognition. Bluh...

>congratulate the kobolds for doing a good job

Zeeke
-"Good job out there Paz, Faz."

Paz
-"Faz looks tired... even thou he just woke up"

>make sure you get the hammer back.
>And make sure you pick up your hammer.
>get the hammer. Master the ways of the hammer.
-ok ok I got it! Happy! Damn thing nearly dislocated my shoulder when I threw it! Seriously! I prefer swords."
>>
No. 595971 ID: f99558
File 141177435916.png - (87.11KB , 800x600 , in the wagon .png )
595971

After loading up all of our loot we climb into the wagon and took off. Paz called a shotgun on this one. Faz is asleep.

After some time on the road as the sun sunked beyond the horizon, dust elf begun to speak.

Nashka
-"So where are you guys from?"
>>
No. 595973 ID: 2ec61a

tell her your home town.
>>
No. 595974 ID: d90668

I used to live on the outskirts of the capital. Awhile back a family member up north got sick so I have been tending to them for awhile.

Not sure if my place will still be around but headed back home to see.
>>
No. 595976 ID: f99558
File 141177735223.png - (90.87KB , 800x600 , in the wagon 2.png )
595976

Zeeke
>I used to live on the outskirts of the capital. Awhile back a family member up north got sick so I have been tending to them for awhile.
>Not sure if my place will still be around but headed back home to see.

Nashka
-"Oh you must be very kind person... So you saying you been out of town for some time?"

Zeeke
-"Half a year."

Nashka
-"So you don't know what happening in the capital right now?"

Zeeke
-"...no. Is it something to be wary of?"

Nashka
-"Depends on how you look at it. King Roddek passed away a month ago. So the whole city is kinda in disturbance right now."

Zeeke
-"oh."
>>
No. 595978 ID: 3009b4

As about the radishes. You guys must be a little hungry by now.
>>
No. 595984 ID: f99558
File 141178093434.png - (97.76KB , 800x600 , in the wagon 3.png )
595984

>As about the radishes. You guys must be a little hungry by now.
-It's true I can't remeber the last time I ate something.

Zeeke asks Nashka for food.

Nashka
-"Radishes are for sale, but I think Fog won't miss one or two."
>>
No. 595990 ID: d90668

Hmm a king is dead. That could mean many opportunities for a clever man. Make sure to mention if you want us to make you a king.

Anyways ask her more about herself. Find out how she started working for a radish farmer. She might not know much about what has been going on in the city but see if you can find out more about what has been going on.

Also radish's do not make a rounded meal. Might want to garnish them with some of your stored food. Offer her some while you are at it.
>>
No. 595992 ID: bb78f2

Ask her if you should shave or if this fuzzy look of yours looks good. You're a little self conscious about it
>>
No. 595995 ID: f99558
File 141178607052.png - (118.10KB , 800x600 , bh.png )
595995

>Hmm a king is dead. That could mean many opportunities for a clever man. Make sure to mention if you want us to make you a king.
-Yeah... I don't think this kind of venture would end up with something good. Clever man would never want to be king.
>>
No. 595996 ID: f99558
File 141178608710.png - (109.23KB , 800x600 , in the wagon 4.png )
595996

>Also radish's do not make a rounded meal. Might want to garnish them with some of your stored food. Offer her some while you are at it.

Zeeke roamges through his food supplies and offer some of it to Nashka.

She thanks Zeeke for the offer.

Nashka
-"Thanks, I needed that... (she takes a sip form the bottle of wine) hmm... good wine."

>Anyways ask her more about herself. Find out how she started working for a radish farmer.
Zeeke
-"So Nash..? How long are you been working for Fog?"

Nashka
-"It would be three years this month. I came to Onryx with other refugees from Felisse during the Sun Tribes war. (You remember seeing camps of dust elfs near city walls at that time). Its been hard at first, bearly any food or even roof above my head. After that I found a work at the local farm, mr. Fog's late wife took me in as her housemaid. I been working the fields ever sence."
>>
No. 595997 ID: f99558
File 141178639262.png - (106.22KB , 800x600 , in the wagon 5.png )
595997

>Ask her if you should shave or if this fuzzy look of yours looks good. You're a little self conscious about it.

Nashka
-"I think its looks good on you, cute yet adds kinda manly vibe to whole thing, your hair on the other hand, do get me wrong... looks like pair of horns, ever wanted to do something about it."
>>
No. 595999 ID: 879a42

Its good you haven't told her your name. Also if you don't like the hammer just sell it, we were under the impression you liked it. Maybe check on paz and faz?

(Answer her question honestly)
>>
No. 596002 ID: d8a627

>your hair on the other hand, do get me wrong... looks like pair of horns
...I thought those were your ears.
Ah, about Dust Elves, what's their lore? Short-answer, please; I can listen through a few or several sentences, but once you go into the dozens I'll start spacing out.

>Oh you must be very kind person...
You have been taking care of the "weaker" folk you find... Granted, it's so that they serve you as minions, but they seem to have been very happy so far in your service.
Uh, don't say that out loud, though. I'm just making a mental note here. If she does ask about them, you can say that you simply befriended Paz, and recruited Paz when her tyrant-of-an-overseer disappeared.
>>
No. 596012 ID: 40935b

Say you haven't seen a mirror in a while, is it that bad? By the way, are there any sources of gainful employment inside the city?

>Clever man would never want to be king.
Do you fancy yourself a scheming visor, then?
>>
No. 596013 ID: f99558
File 141178966870.png - (132.31KB , 800x600 , nomads.png )
596013

>...I thought those were your ears.
-Duh... of course they are my hair. What do you think I'am some weird cat man thing.

>Ah, about Dust Elves, what's their lore? Short-answer, please
-As far as I know they are tribal desert nomads power full enough ward off tribes of orcs and goblins of their territory, but to busy in inner war between tribes to even think about conquest of nearby lands.
>>
No. 596018 ID: f99558
File 141179032620.png - (107.78KB , 800x600 , in the wagon 6.png )
596018

>Say you haven't seen a mirror in a while, is it that bad?
-It's true I haven't seen mirrios in awhile, guess it is that bad...

>By the way, are there any sources of gainful employment inside the city?

Nashka
-"As of right now... I have no idea. A lot of people where leaving the city... lots of traders and high class citizen where leaving the city as if some horrible stuff is about to happen... "rats and ship" thing. Well yeah, I can't blame them, king is dead and his vassals are about tear this city a new asshole." (Gulp)
>>
No. 596019 ID: 2ec61a

>What do you think I'am some weird cat man thing.

actually... yes.
>>
No. 596020 ID: d90668

Well if the city is about to fall apart you will have to decide if you want to stay around. Lots of opportunities in the chaos but lots of danger as well.

Ask what her plans are after selling the product? What sort of stuff do farmers get up to over winter?
>>
No. 596021 ID: bb78f2

This entire time I thought you were a cat man
Are there cat men?
>>
No. 596025 ID: 9ddf68

I always thought you looked closer to a dog truth be told but yeah pretty much.

As for the whole city thing, The pros I'm seeing to this is if everyone is packing there shit up and leaving that might make everything cheap as nobody wants to stay there so any place you want to buy you might be able to get dirt cheap if someone is just trying to sell the place to just get enough to leave the city, might be able to get a job and even get a higher pay check then you normally would just because they sound like they'll be short on staff, and hell with all the trouble going on I bet nobody will even give two shits about who you are as long as you stay out of the spot light. Down sides I'm seeing though are, things could blow up at any time which means if you stay there you'd always have to sleep with one eye open and always keep an ear to the ground just so you can react in time if the shit does hit the fan, whatever stores are still open might jack up there prices and offer you jack shit if you try to sell anything simple because competition has packed up and left and they're just going to try and squeeze as much money as they can before they run for it as well, and the only people who are staying are probably going to be those trying for the throne so if you piss someone off there's a good chance you might piss off the future ruler of this land. I know that last one is unlikely but he it's still a possibility.

Well since you still have your shack I'd say check that out just to see if you still have a home and since we're going to the city anyways we can get a better picture of what's going on there then and can come up with an actual plan once we actually know what's up.
>>
No. 596029 ID: 879a42

We thought you were a kitty >:3
>>
No. 596033 ID: f99558
File 141179373536.png - (122.05KB , 800x600 , cats.png )
596033

>We thought you were a kitty >:3
>actually... yes.
>This entire time I thought you were a cat man. Are there cat men?
-Yeah there are... Catfolk or Bastins most of them are traders and sailors from the east. I knew one some time in the past. He taught me fishing.

>I always thought you looked closer to a dog truth be told but yeah pretty much.
-...(sigh) my kind is more closer to humans the beastfolk.
>>
No. 596035 ID: d8a627

>What do you think I'am some weird cat man thing.
Uh, sort of. I thought you were some weird dog man thing.
Despite some of the porn you "didn't look at," we actually are only humans here. We've got folklore telling us about some races, but yours, and Dust Elves, aren't among that lore.
>-It's true I haven't seen mirrios in awhile, guess it is that bad...
Well, tell her you're thinking about having it cut, then. She might have been offering to do it for you. Might have. Don't assume she definitely was without verification.
>Well yeah, I can't blame them, king is dead and his vassals are about tear this city a new asshole.
Hmm. It's dangerous, but if you could get in and assassinate a bunch of the more malicious vassals, you could create a mostly peaceful city, suited to your wants, since you'd be the one killing those who don't shape up to your desires.
Or, you could just try and join them in tearing the city a new asshole, but I'm guessing you don't want to do that after ducking out of everything that happened in the prison. Plus, this one would make a name for yourself, and you kinda don't want that right now.
>>596025
I like the pros you listed. Go for that, man. Get some high paying jobs, and buy some low cost stuff.
>>
No. 596038 ID: f99558
File 141179426488.png - (116.04KB , 800x600 , work .png )
596038

>Ask what her plans are after selling the product? What sort of stuff do farmers get up to over winter?

Nashka
-"Me...? (gulp) I'm gonna look for work in the city... Mr. Fog and I part way's in Onryx for "ethnic" reasons... (gulp)"

-ok... I think she had one too much.
>>
No. 596040 ID: d8a627

>>596038
Ethnic reasons...? Hold on, is she saying Fog's a racist?! Damned bastard, only let her stick around because she was his late wife's handmaiden.
Okay, I seriously want to invite her into the crew now.
>>
No. 596043 ID: d90668

Find out what ethnic reasons he has. And wrestle that bottle away from her before she gets so drunk you have a giggling mess on your hands.

Who will proceed to vomit all over you in a few hours.

Am all for making her a minion if she is interested.
>>
No. 596050 ID: 9ddf68

well truth be told the only races we knew about are humans, goblins, kobolds, and your own race. I guess we can add elves and beastfolk to that list now but I didn't really count that crab guy before since I thought he kinda looked the way he did because of some potion mishap or something.

But yeah speaking of elves I was wondering where that blush was coming from. Think you can take that bottle away from her before she either does something stupid or passes out?
>>
No. 596051 ID: 01745f

It could be the 'ethnic reasons' of the place they are going rather than mr. Fog, but either way I am curious to find out more.
>>
No. 596055 ID: 3009b4

>Nashka
>-"Me...? (gulp) I'm gonna look for work in the city... Mr. Fog and I part way's in Onryx for "ethnic" reasons... (gulp)"

>-ok... I think she had one too much.

I like this chick already.
>>
No. 596057 ID: f99558
File 141179788581.png - (84.88KB , 800x600 , in the wagon 7.png )
596057

-Yeah she deffinetly had enough...

Zeeke wrestle away the nearly empty bottle out Nashka's hands. As she pass out and started loudly snoring. You may as well tuck in for tonight... or should you keep a lookout, or do something else...

A) Sleep
B) Stay on watch
C) Other
>>
No. 596059 ID: 436cdc

>>596057
Get some rest, if anything happens the wagon driver guy will probably wake us.
>>
No. 596060 ID: 2ec61a

tuck her in too.
>>
No. 596061 ID: d90668

Well we did get you plenty of rest. So if you are tired its probably safe to relax. If not keep up a watch for a few hours.

Before you do anything make sure to gather up your supplies and secure any valuables. How much is 160 gold worth anyway? Not sure what amount of money you are sitting on.

Either way its best to be careful with what you have. If there are bandits trying to steal loads of radishes this close to the capital it means things are getting pretty bad. So be ready for a mess once we get into town.
>>
No. 596062 ID: 9ddf68

well you did just wake up like what, an hour ago?

I mean if you feel tired I guess you can try sleeping but maybe a pair of eyes watching the road might not be a bad idea, I mean if a single turnip farmer is considered good game for a group of bandits maybe having someone awake wouldn't be to bad of an idea. Even if nothing happens it gives you time to at least enjoy the outside world a bit. I mean come on, being stuck in a mountain for 3 years before finally braking free it must be nice being able to look at the night sky again, just pretend you're doing some moonlight fishing.
>>
No. 596072 ID: 2f4b71

Zeeke will inevitable wake up with companions snuggled up to him for warmth.
>>
No. 596073 ID: f99558
File 141181594587.png - (152.21KB , 800x600 , gate .png )
596073

As the night passes the wagon finally approaches the main city gates. A number of tents is seen next to the gates (refugees and simple travelers that didn't able to pass through the gate.)
>>
No. 596074 ID: f99558
File 141181598564.png - (115.54KB , 800x600 , no shit .png )
596074

>Zeeke will inevitable wake up with companions snuggled up to him for warmth.
-...no shit
>>
No. 596075 ID: b0fadc

Look for Paz
>>
No. 596080 ID: 59295a

Wake the two goofs up 'cuz we here.
>>
No. 596082 ID: 879a42

1. I don't see paz, where is he?
2. Did you get ANY sleep?
>>
No. 596084 ID: f99558
File 141182659394.png - (173.18KB , 800x600 , Big city.png )
596084

>I don't see paz, where is he?
-He was outside with Fog.

>Did you get ANY sleep?
-Nope...

>Wake the two goofs up 'cuz we here.

As wagon passes through the main gates and enter Stone Plaza, Zeeke and his companions get out of the cart.

Fogzuu
-"Well I guess here we part way. Gotta move all this raddish to the Market Plaza. Take care, and I hope someday we will meet again."

Cart takes off and disappears around the next corner.

Zeeke
-"(Phew) It's sure been a while sence I'v been here, still everything looks the same thou, and the smell (Sniff)... yep same old Onryx odor."

Paz
-"It smells like poop..."

Zeeke
-"... yep, same old... same old."
>>
No. 596085 ID: 40935b

You must be the softest thing in creation, man. Seek ways to monetize your fluffiness.

Do you know anyone who has your best interests at heart, can offer employment, or has information on Zafia or Figarr? Also are there any legal fishing spots here?
>>
No. 596086 ID: bb78f2

Zeeke, were you really that pissed a cute girl snuggled next to you for the night after HOW long in prison? Or are you a man's man?
I mean she was drunk and doing anything creepy would have been immoral, but hey man, just some snuggling. Snuggling a big ol' fluffball.

So... just open it Zeeke.
>>
No. 596088 ID: 879a42

Let's try to get a job, a place to live, and a way to clear our name. Lets look around and try to accomplish those things in that order.
>>
No. 596089 ID: f99558
File 141182876783.png - (101.55KB , 800x600 , onryx map.png )
596089

Zeeke does his best to explain the layout of the city.

-Onryx is divided in three rings as follows form outskirts to the center: lower ring "Slums", middle ring and upper ring "The Infinite Castle".
Each ring in turn is divided in three districts Stone, Moon and Iron. My house used to be right under the city wall right here (marks with cross). If there is some other places in city you wishes to know about go ahead and ask.

>Do you know anyone who has your best interests at heart, can offer employment, or has information on Zafia or Figarr?
-I have no clue about places of employment, but local pubs on Copper street would be best place to find some information... and/or problems.

>Also are there any legal fishing spots here?
-"Nobody give two shits about fishing in the sewer system, but I would not recommend it, sometimes fish there can bite back... or worse."

>Zeeke, were you really that pissed a cute girl snuggled next to you for the night after HOW long in prison?
-No I'm not pissed about that... I'm pissed about none stop vomiting and drooling over my FUR!!! This shit would be stinking for week now!
>>
No. 596091 ID: bb78f2

I guess we hit up a bar then.
Go to place that doens't know you, I still don't want to risk being found. No noble or guard will remember you or your sentence, but friends, family, and... people that don't particularly like you and keep up with news can.
Don't want an idiotic friend going around spreading the news that you're out early.
>>
No. 596099 ID: b0fadc

See how much it would cost to have a new handle made for your hammer, the current one is way too small for it.
>>
No. 596113 ID: 9ddf68

hey Zeeke, who actually knew you before you got shipped off to prison? Because I just would like to know how likely it will be for you to run into someone you know. Also maybe start walking towards your house and hit a pub on the way there to see what you can hear about what's been going on around town. I mostly want to see if your house is still there or if we're going to have to pay for a few nights at an inn.
>>
No. 596173 ID: 879a42

Oh BTW for hammer fans zeeke dislikes using the hammer so let him use his sword which he prefers I

In any case let's check out a local pub with faz and paz.
>>
No. 596178 ID: 436cdc

Nah, see, zeeke needs to practice with that hammer. Those things are DEVASTATING in close combat. Swords are cool and all, but they can be parried. You can't do SHIT against the momentum of a hammer, just get out of its way.
Plus, swinging that thing around will bulk him up real nice, stringbean he is.
Only way I see myself accepting zeeke re-equipping is if we find a spear.
Spears are top-tier weapons, nothing beats them in medieval settings.
>>
No. 596180 ID: 40935b

>>596178
>Spears are top-tier weapons, nothing beats them in medieval settings.
Then we will advance military technology to a early modern setting and forge him a Zweihänder. And that's not just because I want him to head a mercenary band and defy sumptuary laws. In any case, you can't use the weapon you wants, you use the weapon you have. We shouldn't be looking to get into any fair fights, anyway.
>>
No. 596183 ID: f99558
File 141187380902.png - (173.18KB , 800x600 , city.png )
596183

>hey Zeeke, who actually knew you before you got shipped off to prison?
-Well I had number of associates through out the city but ones that knew me well enough to recognize are most definitely out of the city, reason being the same incident that got me arrested.

>I guess we hit up a bar then.
-Sure thing, right after I check on my house if its even still there.

>See how much it would cost to have a new handle made for your hammer, the current one is way too small for it.
-Guess local blacksmith can do something about that I don't know the cost thou (should be cheap if its just the handle). Still swords are better.

>Nah, see, zeeke you needs to practice with that hammer. Those things are DEVASTATING in close combat. Swords are cool and all, but they can be parried.
-But hammers are slow and I am to frail for that type of weapon.

The party moves through city streets towards the place where Zeeke's home used to be. There is not as much people on the streets as Zeeke remembered. A scent of dread floating in the air. Cold winds pierce through durty streets, sending a shiver down your spine.
>>
No. 596185 ID: f99558
File 141187391643.png - (81.43KB , 800x600 , home .png )
596185

-Well my house... is still looks like a house... under a certain angle.

Paz
-"Our cave was better..."

Zeeke
-"Shut up Paz!"
>>
No. 596188 ID: 9ddf68

>But hammers are slow and I am to frail for that type of weapon
then why the hell did you pick it and give the sword to Faz? Honestly I think you should keep it as right now it's probably your best weapon seeing as both the swords you picked up are rusted. Also I think you should just keep the hammer and have a sword on you as a backup weapon, just keep it on your side or something. You can use the hammer against bigger, slower, and better armored enemies because as you saw in your fight with the bandits hitting someone with that thing is DEVASTATING. and if you decide to go throw happy with the hammer you have a sword to back you up. Could also use the sword against faster and less armored enemies as well.

As for your house... well not much we can do about what happened to it since you've been gone, just make sure no one started squatting in it since you left and that it won't just fall over from a stiff breeze so you don't have to worry about it coming down on your head when you sleep in there. Also see if there's anything of value left in there.
>>
No. 596190 ID: d90668

Well I guess you have a choice to make. If you want to repair it we can give you knowledge on how to fix things up nicely.

Or you can just use it as a temporary base and not put much effort into rebuilding.

Do you outright own this house? If so would be worth fixing up even if you do not plan on staying in the capital for long.

Either way lets head over and check on things. Should get it swept out and clear out any vermin that have set up shop.
>>
No. 596196 ID: f99558
File 141187624774.png - (73.28KB , 800x600 , Home.png )
596196

>Either way lets head over and check on things.

Party enters Zeeke's house.

-Yeah it's pretty much empty. Door is broken and roof has a number of holes in it.
>>
No. 596197 ID: 9ddf68

so how much do you think it would take to fix this place up and how long?
>>
No. 596199 ID: d90668

Ok have the bolds find some wood to repair the door and you go up and take a look at the roof.

Once we get things fixed up will make a small but decent home base.

Might want to change out the bedding as well. Who knows what bugs have set up shop in your bed while you have been gone.
>>
No. 596201 ID: 40935b

What was the incident that got you arrested? Didn't you go fishing in the wrong place?

Well, it'll have to do. Do anything you can to make the place more livable, like putting a tarp over the holes in the roof or propping up the door until we can get more permanent solutions.
>>
No. 596203 ID: 3a0a04

what's that thing with the hook on the ground
>>
No. 596207 ID: 8005f1

>Still swords are better
NO! You will Thor if it kills you!
Thor was the God of Storms, thunder/lightning and strength in a religion you've probably never heard about.

And thing on floor
>>
No. 596208 ID: f99558
File 141188585419.png - (106.44KB , 800x600 , hook.png )
596208

>Ok have the bolds find some wood to repair the door

Zeeke
-"Paz, Faz you two start fixing the door, I donno how long we will stay here, so at least let's make this place a bit more secure.

>what's that thing with the hook on the ground
-Whould ya look at that... It's my old fishing hook, I guess nobody noticed it when scavenging for loot here. This thing sure takes me back.

>What was the incident that got you arrested? Didn't you go fishing in the wrong place?
-This reminds me... I never did tell the whole story...

A) ...tell the whole story (=> flashback intermission)
B) ...it's a tale for another time (=> chapter 6)
>>
No. 596210 ID: d8a627

Tell the whole story... I know you were fishing at sacred grounds or something like that, but other than that, you left it pretty much blank. Gotta hear what that was.
>>
No. 596215 ID: d90668

Tell us the story. We know little about you as it is. Would be nice to know more.
>>
No. 596227 ID: f99558
File 141190697072.png - (91.19KB , 800x600 , story.png )
596227

-Oh well, I guess we have some time on our hands so I might as well get on with... Its all happened six month ago. It was a day before Spring Moon festival...
>>
No. 596229 ID: f99558
File 141190767009.png - (144.18KB , 800x600 , Run Zeeke.png )
596229

...It was a usual busy day at the city... well busier then usual. One of my "associates" came up with quick "get rich" scheme and the way out from hard daily routine in the slums. First few steps of the plan include acquisition of certain number of items important for the whole thing to work. One of wich was a map of city sewer system... yeahhh, I was never a good theif.

City guard
-"You little f**ker! Stop in the name of Mountain King! Shit!"
>>
No. 596230 ID: f99558
File 141190797125.png - (140.68KB , 800x600 , smack.png )
596230

City guard
-"Let me just get my hand on you! You f**king dead!"

(Smack)

Zeeke
-"(Pant...Pant) Lamza! Shit what the hell! I been running from this guy at least a mile. Where the hell have you been?!"
>>
No. 596231 ID: f99558
File 141190896004.png - (114.31KB , 800x600 , dont mind.png )
596231

Lamza
-"I been following you two."

Zeeke
-"You where suppose to slam him on the back while I was distracting him. It was the plan!"

Lamza
-"But its soo booring... But like this you got to feel the thrill of the chase. Awaken a hunter within you. [=)]"

Zeeke
-"IT THE OTHER WAY AROUND!!! AND I'M A FISHER!!!"

[You are now in direct control of past Zeeke]
>>
No. 596232 ID: 9ddf68

grumble a bit and mutter something about better not having to go to jail for shit like this.

Anyways you two are standing next to an assaulted guard, you might want to get away from the crime scene and start the next phase of the plan.
>>
No. 596233 ID: 40935b

Dammit, this isn't supposed to be for your entertainment, it's so we can get out of this shithole!
What's the next part of the plan?
>>
No. 596235 ID: bb78f2

If this guard is dead, we could get into a heck of a LOT more trouble! The back of his head is armored, NOW HE'S BLEEDING FROM THE FACE, IF HE EVEN HAS ONE LEFT!
They send you to die in the mountain for that, lamza!
>>
No. 596253 ID: d8a627

Oh man. Okay, one: >>596229 You looked awesome with only a single patch of hair. Two: >>596231 she looks pretty cute.

Okay, flirt with her while you complain about the fact that people saw you running from the guard now and will probably connect his death to you.
>>
No. 597019 ID: f99558
File 141238208463.png - (109.74KB , 800x600 , nah he is ok.png )
597019

>grumble a bit and mutter something about better not having to go to jail for shit like this.

Zeeke
-"Shit... I think a few people on the street saw him running after me... If this will surf-up I'm soo dead...
>...They send you to die in the mountain for that, lamza!"

Lamza
-"Realx Z, look I think he still breathing... he is gonna be ok. Well now won't be the pretties guard around, but it's not like guardsmen required to have pretty face."

Zeeke
-"Come on let's go, somebody may pass by at any moment now!"

>What's the next part of the plan?
Zeeke and Lamza heads out of the alley to the place where they must meetup with Kilik and Bargus...
>>
No. 597020 ID: f99558
File 141238226364.png - (170.52KB , 800x600 , rats tail.png )
597020

...The Rat's Tail.

A filthy pub at lower level of Copperhead st., a place where shady figures gather and guards don't patrol.

It's been a 2 hours now... No sign of Kilik and Bargus.
>>
No. 597021 ID: 40935b

What did they need to get? Could they have been captured? Where would they show up if they couldn't come here?
>>
No. 597022 ID: f99558
File 141238532359.png - (113.85KB , 800x600 , burp.png )
597022

>What did they need to get?
Their pair needed to get schedule of guard patrols near the -Moon Temple-.

>Could they have been captured?
With Kilik chance of that is extrimly low. Even for a bastins he have a really soft paws.

>Where would they show up if they couldn't come here?
This pub is the only meeting place we agreed on.
>>
No. 597023 ID: 879a42

Maybe.... they heard what happened and are ratting you put to the police to avoid getting in trouble with the law themseves.
>>
No. 597024 ID: d90668

Realize that not having a back up plan is silly.

Ask Lamza what you should do now.
>>
No. 597027 ID: 98053f

I say fuck it go home and see if they turn up tomorrow. If they aren't showing up either something happened or they moved on to another get rich quick plan. If this thing is important they can find you at home.
>>
No. 597033 ID: f99558
File 141238882424.png - (118.13KB , 800x600 , burp 2.png )
597033

>Maybe.... they heard what happened and are ratting you put to the police to avoid getting in trouble with the law themseves.
-Nah Kilik may be an asshole sometimes but he is not a rat. He is quite the opposite actually...

>Realize that not having a back up plan is silly.

Zeeke
-"Damn, why do I always end up following his hairbrained schemes... Having a back up plan now and then would be nice and convenient."

Lamza
-"(slurp)... and then he would say you something along the lines..."
>>
No. 597035 ID: f99558
File 141238937381.png - (150.22KB , 800x600 , burp 3.png )
597035

Kilik
-"... my plans are so foolproof they don't need a back up plan."

Lamza
-"Oh hey Kilik! What took you soo long."

Kilik
-"Oh its nothing... just minor setback. I got the schedule thou."

Zeeke
-"...and by minor setback you mean."

Kilik
-"Bargus got busted. He is in jail..."

Zeeke
-"WHAT!!! YOU CALL THIS A MINOR SETBACK!!!
>>
No. 597036 ID: bb78f2

So are we going to break him out or what? You know, so he DOES'T rat us out?
>>
No. 597039 ID: d90668

So how are we going to break him out?
>>
No. 597041 ID: f99558
File 141238995427.png - (173.01KB , 800x600 , keep it down.png )
597041

Kilik
-"(Shush)... jeez man keep your voice down, we still in business."

Zeeke
>...So are we going to break him out or what? You know, so he DOES'T rat us out?

Kilik
-"It's cool as soon as the job is done his share would go to his family, so he keep quite about it. But now we have problem. The last thing we needed and he supposed to get and got busted was [moon acolyte's robe], so now somebody else have to get it."
>>
No. 597043 ID: d90668

So where would we find one of these robes?

Does the moon temple do its own laundry? Or can we get one from somewhere else.

Because it seems a bit silly to have to break into the place to get the robes that we need the robes to break into.
>>
No. 597048 ID: 873597

You're "volunteering" me aren't you?
>>
No. 597072 ID: f99558
File 141239188257.png - (143.18KB , 800x600 , burp 4.png )
597072

Zeeke
>So where would we find one of these robes?
>Does the moon temple do its own laundry? Or can we get one from somewhere else.
>Because it seems a bit silly to have to break into the place to get the robes that we need the robes to break into.

Kilik
-"Here is the thing... acolyte usually don't ever leave walls of the temple... they have lower tier pristes to send on errands and such. Exept the night right before the "spring moon festival", some of the younger acolytes visit hot springs in the upper ring of the -Iron district-.

Zeeke
>...You're "volunteering" me aren't you?

Kilik
-"Of course. The bathhouse staff are already seen my face and I can't send Lamza on such an important task cuz... let's face it, she will probably goof out and mess things up... no offence.

Lamza
-"(Slurp) none taken."
>>
No. 597080 ID: d90668

So how am I supposed to get to these hot springs and make off with some robes?
>>
No. 597096 ID: 4f004c

>I can't send Lamza on such an important task cuz... let's face it, she will probably goof out and mess things up...
Well, at least she's got a pretty enough face to get away with it most of the time.

Alright, fine, gonna have to get all dolled up for it, though. Can't go into the Iron District in these clothes.
>>
No. 597116 ID: bb78f2

You're a cat man with no distinct fur patterns, you all look the same!
Just dress differently and call up the racist card whenever somebody gives you grief!
>>
No. 597121 ID: f99558
File 141239421770.png - (143.87KB , 800x600 , burp 5.png )
597121

>So how am I supposed to get to these hot springs and make off with some robes?

Kilik
-"Well my friend I can't always tell you what to do..."

Zeeke
-"You did just now."

Kilik
-"...someday you will have to learn to make it on your own in this cruel world we live in..."

Zeeke
-"You are not going to tell me anything helpfull."

Kilik
-"...some day I will be gone and you will be left to your own self..."

Zeeke
-"You have no idea how I suppose to get it..."

Kilik
-"...yeah."

Zeeke
>Alright, fine, gonna have to get all dolled up for it, though. Can't go into the Iron District in these clothes.

Kilik
-"I might have just the thing..."
>>
No. 597123 ID: f99558
File 141239435615.png - (122.13KB , 800x600 , ifky.png )
597123

Kid
-"Mom look at this ugly aunty."

Mom
-"Don't point at people, its rude. She might be sick with something."

Zeeke
-"Kilik... one of these days I will f@#$%ing kill you!"
>>
No. 597140 ID: 4f004c

>>597123
...In the future, let Lamza do the dolling up of your person. Surely she can't do worse than Kilik.
>>
No. 597161 ID: f99558
File 141239620280.png - (105.37KB , 800x600 , bath.png )
597161

Zeeke approaches bath house... acolytes must be already inside.

How should Zeeke go about entering bathhouse?
>>
No. 597187 ID: 9ddf68

think if we entered through the front and pretended to be someone form out of town looking at this place to bring your sister to later for a girls night out would work or are your acting skills crap?

I mean you could just walk around the bathhouse and see if you can't find another way in before we commit to anything.
>>
No. 597191 ID: d90668

So is this a public bathhouse? If so just go straight inside.

If not maybe sneak in a window?
>>
No. 597204 ID: bb78f2

Occam's Razor means that the simpliest solution will work.
Front doors motherfucker
>>
No. 597205 ID: f99558
File 141239981817.png - (107.88KB , 800x600 , bathhouse.png )
597205

>So is this a public bathhouse? If so just go straight inside.

Zeeke walks in through the main entrance. He finds himself in cozy front lobby. An old bastin lady snoring at the front table.

>think if we entered through the front and pretended to be someone form out of town looking at this place to bring your sister to later for a girls night out would work or are your acting skills crap?
-Zeekes acting skills are crap.
>>
No. 597207 ID: d90668

Well you can go in the girls side and if you get caught you can just pretend to be a pervert.

Or you can go in the guys side and if you get caught you can just pretend to be a pervert.

Win win situation.
>>
No. 597212 ID: d90668

Just noticed the irc discussion about direct control for this part.

Are the moon acolytes men or women? Or both? They should have left there robes in the changing rooms so take a peak in the woman's room first and look for robes.

If you have to go into the actual bath area you might want to go to the men's side instead. Can always pop out your fake boobs while going in.
>>
No. 597218 ID: 879a42

Just go in through the women's side, just try to not talk to anyone. Just walk in normally.
>>
No. 597219 ID: 9ddf68

so are all the acolytes female or are there male acolytes as well? because if they're all female just walk into the female changing room look for the cloaks and if anyone sees you or tries to talk to you just pretend to be a shy mute. if there are guy acolytes then go male quickly disrobe before anyone can see you and just grab the damn robes and leave with them before you're spotted.
>>
No. 597220 ID: f99558
File 141240584706.png - (102.90KB , 800x600 , bathhouse 3.png )
597220

>so are all the acolytes female or are there male acolytes as well?
-acolytes of Moon Goddes are all female... sadly.

>Just go in through the women's side, just try to not talk to anyone. Just walk in normally.
-oh well here goes nothing.

Zeeke tries to walk into women's bathside, but suddnle interrupted by an old lady.

Old lady
-"I may be old but my ears as good as when I was a just but a kitten."
>>
No. 597221 ID: d90668

Time to see if your clever disguise holds up. Smile and look nervous. Honestly should not be hard at this point.

If you can not fake a convincing female voice just keep quiet.

On the other hand if you can tell her that you did not want to wake her.
>>
No. 597222 ID: f99558
File 141240632345.png - (105.75KB , 800x600 , bathhouse 4.png )
597222

>Smile and look nervous.

Old lady makes curiously looks at Zeeke

>If you can not fake a convincing female voice just keep quiet.

Zeeke
-"..."

Old lady
-"...one adult?"

Zeeke
-"... yes?"

Old lady
-"It would be a 100 GP"
>>
No. 597223 ID: 9ddf68

do you have money on you? if not look in your pockets, then dig deeper, then turn your pockets inside out, then slap yourself in the head like someone side something stupid then act like your forgot your cash and walk out. Looks like we're going to have to find another way in.
>>
No. 597224 ID: d90668

100 gold for a bath? What is gold so common around these parts you are using it to pave the streets? Or is this just the most expensive bath house ever?

Anyways if you have the money and its not a bad price just pay the lady. If not look embarrassed and give her some big puppy dog eyes. Maybe she will feel bad for you and give you a discount or let you in for free.

And if neither of those work you could always try sneaking in another way.
>>
No. 597227 ID: f99558
File 141240971690.png - (117.03KB , 800x600 , dressing room.png )
597227

>Anyways if you have the money and its not a bad price just pay the lady.

Zeeke scrambles together all money that he had with him...
After paying old hag 89 GP + 1 shiny piece of amber, Zeeke makes his way into dressing room.
-In retrospect... I should have thought this through a bit better...
>>
No. 597229 ID: 436cdc

Eyes on the prize, mate. We can take care of business after we get those robes.
Lord knows this will make a fun story, though.
>>
No. 597235 ID: 9ddf68

>>597227
just pretend you're shy and go for the robes, nothing else matters but the robes.
>>
No. 597241 ID: 879a42

YOLO. Grab the robes and make a break for it!
>>
No. 597244 ID: f99558
File 141241313547.png - (121.83KB , 800x600 , bingo.png )
597244

>Eyes on the prize, mate. We can take care of business after we get those robes.
>just pretend you're shy and go for the robes, nothing else matters but the robes.
>YOLO. Grab the robes and make a break for it!

Zeeke starts meticulously searching through the drawers ... and after 4 tries - bingo.

???
-"Ahem... I didn't see you here before. Are you new in town?"
>>
No. 597247 ID: f99558
File 141241335475.png - (133.80KB , 800x600 , shit.png )
597247

Zeeke
-"..."

???
-"You see I'm usual customer here and I am pretty good with faces..."
>>
No. 597248 ID: 436cdc

yes, it's been a while since you were in a public bath like this and it's making you a bit nervous. You're looking for a robe or something to cover up with to help ease you in.
>>
No. 597249 ID: f99558
File 141241457983.png - (133.02KB , 800x600 , shit 2.png )
597249

>yes, it's been a while since you were in a public bath like this and it's making you a bit nervous. You're looking for a robe or something to cover up with to help ease you in.

???
-"Oh, my apologies then. I do realize that it might be uncomfortable first time around."

Zeeke
-"uh-hu"

Dzier
-"My name is Dzier, if you will ever need somebody to show you around city, I would happily oblige? What is your name?"
>>
No. 597250 ID: 9ddf68

uh, is Lamza a common name?
>>
No. 597252 ID: f99558
File 141241575121.png - (117.75KB , 800x600 , buhbye .png )
597252

>uh, is Lamza a common name?

Zeeke
-"uhhh... Lamza?"

Dzier
-"Lamza... I will remeber it. If you will ever need something come around city watch barracks at any time and ask for Captain Commander Dzier."

Zeeke
-"Sure... I will... th...thanks."

Dust elf exits the dressing room. Phew.
>>
No. 597253 ID: 9ddf68

that may or may not come back to bite us in the ass. Oh well fuck it, grab the robes and get the hell out.
>>
No. 597256 ID: 879a42

(Lol if we really have to we can walk up to him and introduce ourselves again later as ''lamza'', then explain why we don't have boobs xD. Of course we could always just pretend to not know him and introduce ourselves as zeeke, either way its good to have a connections with the guards.)

Well time for the robes and the running, wait a bit and make sure no one is looking or at least no one is really paying any attention.
>>
No. 597260 ID: f99558
File 141243147353.png - (110.44KB , 800x600 , coconut.png )
597260

As Zeeke was about to make his daring escape from the dressing room...

???
-"Excuse me... you dropped this."

???#2
-"What's that... a coconut?"
>>
No. 597261 ID: bb78f2

"Umm... yes, sorry. I'm self conscious... and my boyfriend thought it would have been a good idea, for some reason. To help me have enough confidence to come here. I don't have much of a face... obviously, so..."
>>
No. 597262 ID: bb78f2

You know what, never mind, fuck that explanation.
Just say that's your lunch, thank you.
>>
No. 597265 ID: 7a25b8
File 141243632079.png - (33.90KB , 690x656 , 126628732872.png )
597265

>>597260
GOD! FUCKING! DAMMIT! MAN!
>>
No. 597269 ID: 256d52

>>597262
Yes. Lunch.
>>
No. 597270 ID: 879a42

(Prepare your body.)

oh shit. Oh shit. Oh Shit. OH SHIT. OH SHIT! OH SHIIIIIIIIIIT!!!
>>
No. 597273 ID: 40935b

Skip the acting shenanigans and run like hell.
>>
No. 597282 ID: 9ddf68

>>597269
lunch that you don't want back because it was on the floor, you're classy like that. Also GTFO but don't straight up run, just keep walking towards the exit saying that you need to be somewhere in 10 minutes or your sister will kill you.
>>
No. 597286 ID: 59295a

You make for a perty girl, Zeeke.
>>
No. 597291 ID: 265534

>>597269
Coconut oils are great for everything, don't they know? It's like the healthiest food. It also makes you shit like crazy, but leave that part out.
>>
No. 597292 ID: f99558
File 141246545960.png - (123.82KB , 800x600 , bath 2.png )
597292

>lunch that you don't want back because it was on the floor, you're classy like that. Also GTFO but don't straight up run, just keep walking towards the exit saying that you need to be somewhere in 10 minutes or your sister will kill you.

...You think they bought it.
>>
No. 597294 ID: d90668

Well keep going and slow down a bit so you do not look as suspicious and run headlong into some guards or something.

Also lose the last coconut so you do not look ridiculous.

Then carefully make your way back to the gang.
>>
No. 597298 ID: f99558
File 141246936347.png - (119.36KB , 800x600 , burp 6.png )
597298

>Also lose the last coconut so you do not look ridiculous.
What would be an even better idea...

In the Rat's Tail.

Kilik
-"There is my man! I knew you can pull it off! Why do you look soo angry? Also I would need my coconuts back it was my lunch if you would belive that..."
>>
No. 597300 ID: f99558
File 141246947704.png - (133.29KB , 800x600 , burp 7.png )
597300

>>
No. 597306 ID: d90668

Tell him he owes you 89 gold, one small amber, and your dignity.

And the worst part of it all is you never got a nice bath out of the deal.

Anyways now that we have this thing what now?
>>
No. 597319 ID: 9ddf68

good news is you got the robes, bad news is they may think something is up but we sure as hell didn't stick around to find out. In other news you suggest your friend tells you the rest of the plan sooner rather then later so you have something else to focus on then how your going to kill him.
>>
No. 597324 ID: 879a42

Wow that went so much better than expected. Breath a deeeeep sigh of relief. Just kick back and pray what's his face doesn't have more stupid schemes.
>>
No. 597330 ID: f99558
File 141249096907.png - (184.16KB , 800x600 , plan .png )
597330

>Tell him he owes you 89 gold, one small amber, and your dignity.

Kilik
-"phhh... come on after we pull this of this work, you will have enough gold to buy yourself a mansion or two. As for the diginity... stop pretending like you still have some left, after that squabble with a witch-doctor you shouldn't have had any left (chuckle)."

Lamza
-"What are you guys talking about?"

Kilik
-"Well during the last winter..."

Zeeke
-"Don't you dare telling her anything!!! We had a deal!!!"

Kilik
-"Ok...ok chill dude. (Sigh) Now back to the bissness..."

>Just kick back and pray what's his face doesn't have more stupid schemes.
-I highly doubt it...

...We are going to steal "sacred silver scale".

-told ya...

Zeeke
-"...we are going to steal a fish? All this preparation to steal a fish... not some kind of scared relic or tresure...but a FUCKING FISH!!!."

Kilik
-"Yes a fish... one of a kind fish for wich some people will pay a fortune or two to get. And its so happend that I found a wealthy buyer for it."

Zeeke
-"(Sigh) So what's the plan? How do we get it?"

Kilik
-"The place where the fish is safeguarded is a scared pond in the inner sanctum of the moon temple. Whole temple usually secured as tight as the royal palace of mountain king. Exept only for one night a year when guards leave walls of the temple and only priests and acolytes remain within."

Lamza
-"Night before spring moon festival..."

Kilik
-"Bullseye. This is where we come in... We will split on two groups... or rather now it would be one solo and one duo. One of us will infiltrate temple through the front gates posing as one of the acolytes, while the other two would enter through the sewer into the inner gardens. After wich our fake-acolyte will have to find the way into the inner sanctum, open the oculus portal on its top and let other two, who would by that time scale the inner walls and main spire, in."

Zeeke
-"So... and how then we would get the fish out? I guess its not a small fish."

Kilik
-"I glad you asked. We catch it hoist it up through the oculus and down into the garden and out through the sewers. Piece of cake."
>>
No. 597333 ID: 9ddf68

...ok then, first question, do you have any idea HOW big this fish is? the last thing I want to do is go in expecting to catch a guppy to find out I'm going to be pulling in a damn whale.

Second question, who's on what team? I would assume I'm going to have to play dress up again since they've seen your face and Lamza is Lamza, but they've also seen me at the baths and while yes I was in disguise a lot of people still saw me and if the realize that some of there robes are messing and then see me at the temple with said robe on it won't take long for them to put 2 and 2 together.

And final question, please PLEASE tell me you have a backup plan for this. There are so many things that could go wrong with this I would really like it if there was some kind of safety net in place.
>>
No. 597335 ID: f99558
File 141249897660.png - (182.45KB , 800x600 , plan 2 .png )
597335

Zeeke
>...ok then, first question, do you have any idea HOW big this fish is? the last thing I want to do is go in expecting to catch a guppy to find out I'm going to be pulling in a damn whale.

Kilik
-"Don't sweat it buddy. Yeah it's big, but as big as goat. Not impossible to carry, but impossible to conceal on the person."

Zeeke
>Second question, who's on what team?

Kilik
-"I'm fine with ether side. It's up to you to decide. Count it as apology on my part (:3). (But still if I can give you advice you'd better keep Lamza in pair, to ehm keep an eye out on her.)"

Zeeke
>And final question, please PLEASE tell me you have a backup plan for this.

Kilik
-"My plans are so foolproof they don't need a back up plan. But seriously, if something would go haywire, we most certanly would end up in some mining prison camp for the rest of our lives... just kidding, trust me Zeeke this plan is flawless.
>>
No. 597336 ID: 2f4b71

Kilik gets to wear the dress this time.
>>
No. 597338 ID: 879a42

''Some mining prison camp for the rest of our lives.''

Is that a promise? Why risk all that for a fish?
>>
No. 597339 ID: 879a42

Let's have kilik be the acolyte and wear the dress, we need to babysit Lamza. (Like it will matter.) Prepare to hold your breath zeeke.
>>
No. 597341 ID: f99558
File 141250757368.png - (188.88KB , 800x600 , plan 3 .png )
597341

>Kilik gets to wear the dress this time.
>Let's have kilik be the acolyte and wear the dress, we need to babysit Lamza.

Kilik
-"Are you sure about that? While you were fetching the robes I managed to get my paws on this nice wig... I bet it would look awesome on you. (chuckle)"

Zeeke
-"Kil could you pass me back that coconut, I think it didn't hit hard enough..."

>''Some mining prison camp for the rest of our lives.'' Is that a promise? Why risk all that for a fish?

Kilik
-"Z I tell you with gold we will get from this we be able to live like kings. Get out of slums and makes all our dreams come true. Isn't it enough reason to risk it all for that?"

Zeeke already knew the answer.
After packing up the rest of the needed gear Zeeke Kilik and Lamza moved out to the Moon Temple.
>>
No. 597342 ID: f99558
File 141250779194.png - (137.67KB , 800x600 , Moon Temple .png )
597342

As the party approached outer wall of the temple night is began setting in. Much fewer guards can be seen on the walls, as time will approach midnight there will be no one left.

Zeeke
-"Wow... never been here before... everything looks soo... clean."
>>
No. 597356 ID: d90668

Cleanliness is next to godliness I guess. Har har.

Well get a good look at the layout while we wait for the guards to leave. Once the last of them wander off we can start.

Make sure Kilik looks pretty in his disguise.
>>
No. 597362 ID: bb78f2

You know, blueprints would have been really nice. This place looks easy to get lost in FAST.
>>
No. 597363 ID: 879a42

Finishing touches on his outfit, followed by running the plan by lamza one more time. Ask about alarm systems, chance of someone calling guards from the city, of the people in there stopping you themselves... I know he hates you questioning his 'genius' plans, so ask in a curious way, instead of a 'Are you SURE this is a good idea?' way.

Prepare yourself for sewage crawling, ugh.
>>
No. 597364 ID: 9ddf68

fishermen are sometime fish in the sewers right? I'd suggest bring a bottle of some cheap booze, that way if the guards catch you can pretend you're drunk and got lost. Not really sure that will help much but if the guards catch you you're kinda fucked anyways so something is better then nothing. Plus you can always use the bottle as a make shift weapon if things get REALLY bad.
>>
No. 597570 ID: f99558
File 141267924752.png - (113.85KB , 800x600 , how do i look.png )
597570

>Finishing touches on his outfit.
Kilik hides behind the bushes to put on his disguise. After a few minutes. "Acolyte maiden" emerges from the same bush.

Kilik
-"So how do I look?"
>>
No. 597571 ID: 211deb

>>597570
I'm sorry, who are you? Are you Sister Mary?
There is no way Kilik can disguise this good... right?
>>
No. 597572 ID: bb78f2

...
H-h-hey lady, you wanna go out sometime?
>>
No. 597573 ID: 879a42

Make sure you wink at him. (Holy shit that's a good disguise.)
>>
No. 597574 ID: 13e90e

The thing to do is glare at Kilik, because if he can look THAT good in drag, why did he send you to get the robes in the first place!
>>
No. 597580 ID: ff389c

Either that's someone else that he got to take his place or Kilik was a girl all along.
>>
No. 597588 ID: 49947e

Like a natural dragqueen.
>>
No. 597592 ID: 4f004c

>>597570
Not as pretty as Lamza, (gotta taunt him a bit) but damn, he pulls that off.
>>
No. 597607 ID: 9ddf68

my god you are the queen of drag queens, for no other tranny has looked more women like then you! Also if you're so damn good at disguises why the hell didn't you go to the bath house or make me look like crap? it's like you wanted me to fail.
>>
No. 597665 ID: f99558
File 141276675124.png - (116.03KB , 800x600 , how do i look 2.png )
597665

>I'm sorry, who are you? Are you Sister Mary?
>H-h-hey lady, you wanna go out sometime?
>Make sure you wink at him.

Kilik
-"eeh...What with that look Zeeke? Falling for me already? Man Z thats pathetic... hehehe."

Zeeke
-"(Pfff) No I mean if you are this good in drag why did you send me to get the robes in the first place!"

Kilik
-"So you could learn a thing or two dummy. (:3)"

As soon as the last guards leave the wall, group splits in two, and Zeeke with Lamza make their way to sewer grate not far from the main gates of the temple.
>>
No. 597666 ID: f99558
File 141276685690.png - (148.80KB , 800x600 , Sewers.png )
597666

After lifting the heavy grate they both descend into moist dark sewer...

Zeeke
-"Shit... smells even worse then in slums."
>>
No. 597667 ID: bb78f2

>>597665
>"eeh...What with that look Zeeke? Falling for me already? Man Z thats pathetic... hehehe."
Hey, when he looks that good, no shame in it at all.

Lets look at our paths!
>>
No. 597673 ID: d90668

Well time to bust out the map. Do not want to get lost down here.

Also watch for sewer rats and whatever else lives down here.
>>
No. 597698 ID: 9ddf68

alright so you know the plan and have the map, lets pull the sucker out and make sure we do this right. I do not want to find out what happens if this whole thing goes pear shape.
>>
No. 597817 ID: f99558
File 141295188265.png - (124.47KB , 800x600 , route.png )
597817

>Lets look at our paths!
>Well time to bust out the map. Do not want to get lost down here.
>alright so you know the plan and have the map, lets pull the sucker out and make sure we do this right.

Zeeke brings out the [sewer map] to check on directions... It looks like the whole route is pretty much the straight run, with exception for the least stretch of it. Right before exit in the gardens the route splits in two. One path leads through underwater tunnel, other through old sealed off water tank. Wich one should we go with.

O -> Underwater tunnel
X -> Old water tank
>>
No. 597823 ID: 4f004c

>>597817
Sealed off how? If it's just wooden baricades, you can tear those down easily enough, but if it's, like, bricks and mortar, then no way that path will work.

If going through it is plausible, I say go through the water tank. It's less likely to have anybody watching it, since it's sealed off.
>>
No. 597826 ID: 9ddf68

>>597817
depends on how sealed off that water tank is. I mean if it wouldn't take all night might as well go through there because if we're going to be bringing a fish back I don't want to even know how hard it is going to be to keep ahold of that sucker in water. Also seeing as we're in a sewer I really doubt that the flooded tunnel is flooded with just water.
>>
No. 597850 ID: f99558
File 141298964533.png - (99.85KB , 800x600 , Water Tank.png )
597850

>>597823
>>597826
Yeah it would serve as much better escape route. And even thought of going through fluded tunnel, is naturally off puting for somebody like Zeeke. Two words "wet fur".

After a short stroll through the underground labyrinth... Zeeke and Lamza approach enter to the old water tank. The entrance as expected sealed off with wood planks. Being mostly rotten and covered in moss they don't pose much of an obstacle.
>>
No. 597851 ID: f99558
File 141298986981.png - (105.85KB , 800x600 , Water Tank 2.png )
597851

Zeeke: (snif-snif) What is that smell?
Lamza: It's a sewers dummy, they usually smell like poop.
Zeeke: No it's something else... foul... rotten... decaying.
>>
No. 597852 ID: 40935b

Look at Lamza accusingly.
>>
No. 597853 ID: 9ddf68

eh, just stress probably getting to you, take out your frustration by just hurling the plank of wood behind you as hard as you can, might make you feel better.
>>
No. 597856 ID: f99558
File 141299630344.png - (100.62KB , 800x600 , Water Tank 5.png )
597856

>Look at Lamza accusingly.
Zeeke: Lam for god sake what did you eat?!
Lamza: It wasn't me...

>eh, just stress probably getting to you, take out your frustration by just hurling the plank of wood behind you as hard as you can, might make you feel better.
Yeah its probably it.

???: (smack)ugh!
>>
No. 597857 ID: f99558
File 141299646471.png - (80.32KB , 800x600 , nobody.png )
597857

For a moment Zeeke thought he heard a muffled sound as piece of plank hit something behind him...

Zeeke: hmmm... yeah it's deffinetly stress breaking down on me...
>>
No. 597858 ID: f99558
File 141299655541.png - (118.62KB , 800x600 , garden.png )
597858

After passing through water tank Zeeke and Lamza resurface in the inner garden...
>>
No. 597859 ID: 40935b

Kill the light and make DAMN sure nobody's around.
>>
No. 597860 ID: 9ddf68

make sure your glow stone isn't glowing and make sure not a soul is around. Any idea where you're going to met kilik her or what sign that will let you know it's him, I don't want to get caught and I damn sure don't want to get caught because we walked up to an actual nun by mistake.
>>
No. 597861 ID: f99558
File 141300000227.png - (125.68KB , 800x600 , garden 2.png )
597861

> Any idea where you're going to met kilik her or what sign that will let you know it's him.
Kilik suppose to meet us at the bottom of inner sanctum tower. The signal that he made it, would be an open oculus at the top of the shrine.

>Kill the light and make DAMN sure nobody's around.

Zeeke pockets [glowstone] and takes extra second to survey the garden...
Good thing he done that, as two moon acolytes stroll out of the nearby grove.
>>
No. 597863 ID: f99558
File 141300019190.png - (139.04KB , 800x600 , garden 3.png )
597863

They sit on the bench right next to the manhole. Damn it! Nobody is supposed to be here at this hour.
What now?
>>
No. 597864 ID: 9ddf68

how soon are you suppose to meet kilik? If you still got time I say just sit tight for a second and listen, they might actually say something useful and if not then depending on what they're talking about you might be able to tell when they're going to leave.
>>
No. 597866 ID: f99558
File 141300452081.png - (140.38KB , 800x600 , garden 5.png )
597866

>how soon are you suppose to meet kilik?
As soon as he will make his way into inner sanctum once there he suppose to figure out a way to open oculus at the top of a shrine... Our overall deadline is midnight so we have about an hour to get there.

>If you still got time I say just sit tight for a second and listen
Zeeke decides to wait and listen in on conversation between two acolytes.

Acolyte #1: ...and how long this keep happening?
Acolyte #2: It's been a month now.
Acolyte #1: Why didn't you tell anyhing to -high priestess-.
Acolyte #2: b... but I joined the temple only a year ago... my connection to goddess can't be this strong so early. I kept telling my self that it's just a bad dreams and nothing more, but they kept coming... again and again. Now I see them just by closing my eyes. Why me, why not somebody from inner circle.
Acolyte #1: Whim of the gods always stays beyond our comprehension. It's not our job to seek reason of mortals in thoughts of divine.
Acolyte #2: So what should I do? If high-priestess will find out that I been obstructing will of moon goddess from the temple, she will banish me.
Acolyte #1: You will tell her, that you first saw this dream today. I will keep the rest a secret, don't worry.
Acolyte #2: Thank you, I knew I could count on you.

Zeeke: (damn... I knew they where all total nutjobds, but like this (phew) religion really does a scary things to people.)
>>
No. 597868 ID: f99558
File 141300473077.png - (115.35KB , 800x600 , garden 6.png )
597868

Two of them then walked off in direction of an east wing of the temple. The coast is clear.
>>
No. 597869 ID: 9ddf68

alright time to move towards your goal, just stick to the shadows and for the love of god keep an eye on Lamza so she doesn't run off while you're not looking.
>>
No. 597875 ID: f99558
File 141301128861.png - (166.18KB , 800x600 , up .png )
597875

>alright time to move towards your goal, just stick to the shadows...

Zeeke and Lamza climbed out of the manhole and quietly made their way to side of central temple. Now to scale the wall, make our way throught the roof and cimb on top of a central tower. Zeeke takes out [climbers hook] and [rope].

>...and for the love of god keep an eye on Lamza so she doesn't run off while you're not looking.
Even Lamza is not this dumb, to run off during the job.
>>
No. 597876 ID: 9ddf68

>>597875
>Now to scale the wall, make our way throught the roof and cimb on top of a central tower.
...did you come up with that or was it Kilik? because I feel whoever came up with that reads to many stories. But hell if it works it works.
>>
No. 597878 ID: 4f004c

>(damn... I knew they where all total nutjobds, but like this (phew) religion really does a scary things to people.)
It's not just religion that does this. Holding anything strongly within your mind can influence your dreams, and grant you insight into it. This insight won't always be useful, but there are those who have trained to read into the dreams to find the truth hidden within.
This truth comes from the waking world, something that a person doesn't even realized they saw, heard, or felt, and manifests into their subconscious, showing itself through their dreams. A troubled individual can remember their dreams, as, through difficulty in entering sleep, their sleep becomes deeper, allowing the full conscious to delve into it.
...Oh, you meant saying it was the will of the gods that did it, didn't you? Yeah, that's a crazy excuse for it.

>>597875
...Did Lamza's outfit just get tighter, or did she just strip off a layer of clothing? Please tell me she's not leaving clothing lying about.
Also, if those are bells in her hair, those are going to ring a lot while climbing up.
>>
No. 597879 ID: b0fadc

I think that acolyte might have had visions of us trying to steal the fish, so be extra careful.
>>
No. 597888 ID: 436cdc

>>597879
That isn't a rock-based suggestion 8'Vc
Yeah, be careful. That struck me as Vague Prophetic Bullshit right there.
>>
No. 597922 ID: f99558
File 141307795989.png - (89.52KB , 800x600 , wall.png )
597922

>...did you come up with that or was it Kilik?
It was Kilik... ugh... dang it. I bet Kilik would be able to pull it off with no problems.

Lamza: ...are feeling ok Zeeke?
Zeeke: I'm fine just keep climbing.

>...Did Lamza's outfit just get tighter, or did she just strip off a layer of clothing? Please tell me she's not leaving clothing lying about.
Nope even she is not that stupid.

>Also, if those are bells in her hair, those are going to ring a lot while climbing up.
Ok she is that stupid... good thing I removed the clappers from them a looong time ago.

>I think that acolyte might have had visions of us trying to steal the fish, so be extra careful.
Ok now I'm definitely getting paranoid...

After a few minutes of scaling the wall Zeeke and Lamza make it to the top. Coast is clear there is nobody on the roof.
>>
No. 597923 ID: a0eba6

the door is cracked to you're right. Is that a good sign or bad? I say just listen for a second to see if you can't hear anyone coming and if it sound safe go on up. Just stay away from the windows if you can so someone doesn't see you. If you can't then try and peek through to make sure no one is in them.
>>
No. 597967 ID: bb78f2

Okay, don't forget to pull up that grappling hook! Don't want to leave it lying about!
>>
No. 597981 ID: f99558
File 141311733455.png - (79.76KB , 700x700 , top of the tower.png )
597981

>the door is cracked to you're right. Is that a good sign or bad? I say just listen for a second to see if you can't hear anyone coming and if it sound safe go on up.
Zeeke takes a second and listens in on the door... its quiet...

>Okay, don't forget to pull up that grappling hook! Don't want to leave it lying about!
Zeeke picks up [rope] with [grapling hook] because obviously he would need it to scale the tower.

After another few minutes Zeeke and Lamza succesfully "conquer" the tower. Lights in the city below where like a like a reflection of the night sky. Time was almost midnight.

Zeeke: ...and so far everything was going according to plan, we scaled the tower and kilik succefully infiltrated temple form within... Little did I know back then, from that point on, every single thing that could go wrong did just that... gone horribly wrong. I'll tell the rest of the story later.

Paz: We fixed the door.

Zeeke: Oh good, let grab some snack for now. Then we'll figure out what to do next.
>>
No. 597984 ID: 879a42

Snack time! What food will be had? Maybe make small talk or something, ask about their lives before prison.
>>
No. 598001 ID: 9ddf68

damn Zeeke, you're a good story teller, I almost felt that I was right there with you experiencing all those things myself.
>>
No. 607346 ID: 1444df
File 141742638182.png - (137.09KB , 800x600 , hammer time 2.png )
607346

Chapter 6

A week after Zeeke, Paz and Faz made their way to the city of pillars Onryx.

Blacksmith: -...are you sure, this is what you want kid? not the most efficent weapon to weild.

Zeeke: -nah it will do, it's not like i would do a much better job with a sword.

Blacksmith: -it's your choice kid. 30 gold piece's.

>You pay up 30GP you have 120GP left.
>You obtain battle hammer.

-ok now i got this long handle on the hammer and some cash. what now?
>>
No. 607358 ID: 534cc4

Hot damn.

Alright so what's the situation with getting your house back in order, and also zeeke I would assume unless you have one I don't know about you need a job, any ideas for jobs both legal and/or shady? (Legal is probably best but as a last resort you might have to do some dirty work for cash.)
>>
No. 607372 ID: 46d72f
File 141743702045.png - (110.86KB , 800x600 , off screen.png )
607372

>Alright so what's the situation with getting your house back in order

-not so well actually, after a 2 nights spent there and a number of futile attempts at repair. (none of us didn't have actual repair skills) roof caved in and and one of the walls crumbled into piece's.

>any ideas for jobs both legal and/or shady?

-Paz got himself a decent job as cook at the "rat's tail" inn. It got us enough money to afford a small room in the attic. Meanwhile i got myself a fishing pole did some fishing. Catch did go for much at the market, less and less traders appear on the market sqare every day.
>>
No. 607373 ID: 46d72f
File 141743704048.png - (148.66KB , 800x600 , jobs.png )
607373

-Not much of legal or safe job available these days. Every night some shady folks gather at the rat's tail inn no doubt most of them are smugglers and thiefs. On other hand you been hearing that a city guard is recruting additional forces. None of these options have me exited so far... so what do you say "orb", any ideas on the matter?
>>
No. 607385 ID: d90668

Looks like our old "friend" got his very own wanted poster. Go take a look.
>>
No. 607386 ID: 46d72f
File 141744180852.png - (48.92KB , 500x500 , poster.png )
607386

>Looks like our old "friend" got his very own wanted poster. Go take a look.

Zeeke: huh... it's Figarr.

Zeeke reads the wanted poster.

>WaNTED dead or alive Figarr "Steel Gaze" 35.000 GP
>>
No. 607393 ID: d90668

Well that puts the possibility of bounty hunting on the table. I wonder if he still has the girls under this thumb.

One nice thing about being a bounty hunter is its a perfectly legal way to go around assaulting assholes for money.

On the other hand applying to the guard might make you some nice connections. With everything being a mess might be some opportunities for quick advancement.

Lets check out the guard job just to see what the working conditions are like and while you are there ask about the wanted poster so we can get more info on what Figarr has been up to.

If the guard job looks like crap you can always do something else.
>>
No. 607395 ID: 96a4c4

Well don't go for him, even if you got all the weapons in the world he would still come and wreck and you. But we know he got out I guess.
>>
No. 607397 ID: 46d72f
File 141744666008.png - (112.21KB , 800x600 , recruts.png )
607397

>Lets check out the guard job just to see what the working conditions are like

Zeeke heads towards city guard barracks, where the enlistment is being held...

Not many people in the line to enlist. Looks like this job is not so alluring to the common folk right now.

It seems that recruts are not actually going to be a part of a regular city watch, (for that you at least have to be a registered citizen of Onryx... wich you are not.) but hastly put together militia. All one have to do to enlist is to have a weapon of their own and be able to weild it.

-So how about that... should I try enlisting?

>...and while you are there ask about the wanted poster so we can get more info on what Figarr has been up to.

>Zeeke pick's up Figarr's wanted poster

-...yeahhh, i don't feel like going out there looking for this asshole right now...

>don't go for him, even if you got all the weapons in the world he would still come and wreck and you.

-...uh-hu, the back of my skull still feels his heavy fist.

>But we know he got out I guess.

-and it's not a good news... (sigh)
>>
No. 607402 ID: e6e219

Just because he is bigger than you and beat you once does not mean that's how it will always go. Fear is how people like him keep people in line. Just a thought for later.

How bad are things if the city is forming a militia? Is it being set up to guard the city or in case of invasion? Before joining up find out what sort of stuff they would expect you to be doing. And of course if the pay is decent.

I like the bounty hunter idea. Could start out on smaller bounties and see if you enjoy the work. But if you are not interested in that lifestyle that's ok.

Oh what has Faz been up to?
>>
No. 607403 ID: 9ddf68

before you join up just how bad are things getting around here? I mean we've kinda been out of it lately so I'm just trying to figure out how likely it would be that you'd get jump walking home if you joined the guard. Kinda against doing any shady jobs just because I'm paranoid as hell that someone might identify us although I'm sure that's unlikely cause they way you make things sound once someone get's thrown into that mountain prison people just forget about them since no one ever gets out.

Either way I'm slightly against bounty hunting, at least until you learn to wield that hammer better. I mean even if Faz and Paz were with you I'd still like it better if you could hold your own against someone like Figarr seeing as all the worth wild bounties probably have people just as tough as him.
>>
No. 607404 ID: bfe12b

Whats the militia for? If its for some war of in a distant land then fuck it. If its just to deal with bandits or conquering a land right next door then maybe look into it.

Who else wants Zeeke to become a warrior of justice and vengeance, seeking out all those that betrayed him as "the Grand Accuser"?
>>
No. 607413 ID: dd82f5

And next find a way to teach you to build a biplane, armed with automatic weaponry and a couple of bombs.
>>
No. 607427 ID: 46d72f
File 141745413496.png - (156.68KB , 800x600 , line.png )
607427

Zeeke enters the line for the enlistment table.

As you thought most of the people in line are mercenaries. You listen in on conversations...

It seems that they pay 50GP for one shift on patrol (half a day). You will have to wear city watch tunic and accompany one member of city guard appointed as squad leader. Additional payment is regualted by your actions and preformance by decision of captain commander.

>before you join up just how bad are things getting around here?

- Things are getting pretty bad at the lower ring, especially during night time, groups of bandits wich usually operated outside city walls, now made four lower districts into their personal playground. Being severly outnumbered city watch attempts reinforcing their numbers with milita made up from mercenaries.

>I like the bounty hunter idea. Could start out on smaller bounties and see if you enjoy the work.

- I don't know... my skills are not exactly on par with real bounty hunters... That one time i crossed swords with bandits and won was pure luck.

>I'm slightly against bounty hunting, at least until you learn to wield that hammer better.

- Yeah I will probably hold out on that option, at least until im confident enough in my fighting skills.

>Oh what has Faz been up to?

- Speaking of him... I have no idea. During the day he is nowhere to be seen, after sunset he appears all worn out and tired. He doesn't talk about what he does during the day.
>>
No. 607441 ID: 1c90b4

If you want to pick a side in this fight, you'd better be ready to meet some old acquaintances, both allies and enemies. It's up to you if you want to deal with that in addition to more combat, but I'm getting the impression you'd rather stay neutral.
>>
No. 607445 ID: dd82f5

Also keep your "ear tufts" they look good on you, who knows they might help you out in the future.
>>
No. 607462 ID: e6e219

Well why not try a shift then. If there is no long term commitment it will give you a idea if you want to keep coming back.

What is causing all this unrest and banditry? Anything we should avoid or can take advantage of?

As for Faz might want to shadow him one day to see what he is up to. Just in case.
>>
No. 607465 ID: 4f004c

Don't worry about Faz... Given how girlish he looks in a dress, he's probably out poledancing or something, which would certainly explain why he doesn't want to talk about it. And shadowing him is just going to make him freak out and run off, which isn't exactly helpful.
>>
No. 607467 ID: 9ddf68

so is the city on the verge of collapsing? Might not be a bad idea to have a escape plan ready to go incase something happens, like the city burning to the ground do to a mass riot.

Anyways you might want to use a fake name just incase the guards are doing background checks. Just use something similar to Zeeke so if you come across someone who calls you Zeeke when you're with someone who knows you by your other name you can just claim it's a nickname. Also I noticed you got a haircut, looks good on you.
>>
No. 607621 ID: 534cc4

Oh my god we have to find out if faz is a stripper.

And yeah you need to practice fighting, maybe eventually get favor with some nobility...
>>
No. 607726 ID: 46d72f
File 141752053158.png - (137.41KB , 800x600 , enlist.png )
607726

>Well why not try a shift then.

-I guess no harm would be done just by taking up one shift... money is still thing we lack.

>faz is a stripper.

-Why would anybody be interested in kobold stripper?

As line moved forward Zeeke soon stood in front of enlistment desk.

Guard: Name and previous occupation?

Zeeke: ughhh...

>(Anyways you might want to use a fake name just incase the guards are doing background checks.)
>>
No. 607743 ID: f0fe9f

>>607726
Ezekiel. Use that as our name. As for previous occupation, say wandering craftsman, or journeyman.
If the guard inquires about further background, say that you don't remember much of it, having hit your head a few years ago.
>>
No. 607745 ID: d90668

I like Ezekiel. Close enough so that if someone yells your real name you will not look suspicious.

Tell him you are a rocket scientist. You are one for one in the successful rocket launching department after all.
>>
No. 607748 ID: 92817b

Go with the suggested name and say that you were once a mine worker but it shut down due to no minerals or metal being found.
>>
No. 607777 ID: 9ddf68

Ezekiel works fine

just say you were a miner, if they dig give the same story you gave that elf chick on your way into town. You were taking care of a sick family member. They recently bit it and there were to many painful memories back there so you quite and came here. if they ask why you're signing up tell them not many ways to make an honest buck these days and that you managed to chase off some bandits you ran into trying to get to the capital, just don't sound like you're bragging if you mention the bandits.
>>
No. 607975 ID: 95a470
File 141757606213.png - (133.03KB , 800x600 , enlist2.png )
607975

Zeeke: ehm... Ezekiel

>just say you were a miner, if they dig give the same story you gave that elf chick on your way into town.

Zeeke: I was miner... been out of town for some time, taking care of sick family member.

Guard stared you up.

Guard: That hammer, can you handle your self with that in battle?

As Zeeke was about to answer that question...

???: Oh he most certanly does!

As Zeeke turned his head he saw a familiar looking face.

Nashka: ...this man took down an entire group of bandits with this hammer and only with two kobolds to aid him. I saw the whole thing.

Guard: Quite a feat for a simple miner...

Nashka: It soo nice to see you again sir! I didn't had a chance to learn your name back then. I been looking for you. Are you also enlisting into the city guard?

Zeeke: Yeah... i guess.

Guard: Seeing as you have actuall skills, you will be assigned to the 33 squad on the night shift today. Report to the old barraks in 5 hours. Next!

Nashka: I'm Nashka Scrid, farmer by trade.

Guard: A dust elf huh... how old are you?

Nashka: Oh my "ordovotum" was 3 day's ago.

Guard: hmm... I guess it's also a night shift for you then. Same squad. Report to the old barraks in 5 hours. Next!

Nashka: We are on the same squad sir! Let's look out for each other then.
>>
No. 607977 ID: 2ec61a

after you get out of earshot of the superior, fraternize like hell
>>
No. 607979 ID: 6e79d4

Wow, does "ordovotum" mean "gaining damn near a foot in height"?

Say good to see her again and she doesn't have to call you sir. You should show us to her, along with the rest of the squad!
>>
No. 607989 ID: 9ddf68

>As Zeeke turned his head he saw a familiar looking face.
see this is why you stick to the lies you make, you never know when someone who heard them is going to be around when you tell more lies. Still good to see her again at least she looks like she's doing well for herself.

>We are on the same squad sir! Let's look out for each other then.
uh, yeah all right. hope her sales pitch for us didn't land us in something a bit over our head, ah well it's not like we're going to be alone.

also what's an ordovotum? from the looks of things it something that turns you into someone that knows how to throw down.
>>
No. 608029 ID: 01745f

After you are out of earshot of the officer, ask if she has been carrying all that platemail around the whole time.
>>
No. 608085 ID: 95a470
File 141759403128.png - (142.80KB , 800x600 , fraternize.png )
608085

After leaving vecinty of the city watch garrison Zeeke and Nashka decide to go for drink at the nearby tavern called Copperhead.

Zeeke: Soo... you look like doing well for yourself, ehm considering ending your job as a farmer.

Nashka: Yeah well enough I guess... the only thing is worth doing right now is being a sell sword. Well king being dead and bandits slowly taking over lower ring.

>Wow, does "ordovotum" mean "gaining damn near a foot in height"?

-Something like that, but as I heard it some kind of coming of age ceremony among the dust elf. I don't know the details, but afterwards newcomer adult can become a warrior of the tribe. There is also some kind of magic involved as I can tell... adults become visibly more "beefier" and more violent prone.

>ask if she has been carrying all that platemail around the whole time.

Nashka: Oh I bought these on the money I got from master Fog.

>You should show us to her

-I don't know. Should I? Fashing magic item's around won't do much good. I still haven't told Faz anything about it.
>>
No. 608087 ID: 9ddf68

>I don't know. Should I?
I'd hold of on that really. I mean we don't really know her THAT well plus someone might overhear you and that could make your life hell, like that shadowy cloaked guy up the stairs that I think is look this way.

Well if we're just making small talk ask her what her weapon of choice is. I see the armor she's wearing but I have yet to see what kind of weapon she wields, unless she's just using magic and if so I have to commend her for being the first magic user I've seen that actually wears proper armor into battle instead of some robe.
>>
No. 608110 ID: 2ec61a

how do elves feel about ear rubs? if its a good thing rub her ears.
>>
No. 608143 ID: 92817b

Oooooh, say "how about you sit on my face, so I can eat my way to your heart."
>>
No. 608201 ID: 6e79d4

>I don't know. Should I?
I was thinking that we'd help coordinate your squad, but I guess you've already stuck your neck out once for her, might as well wait for her to return the favor.
>>
No. 608204 ID: 9ddf68

>>608143
what?

>>608201
pretty sure we stuck to only being able to talk to Zeeke now. Ever since those goblin chicks stabbed us in the back we haven't been able to talk to anyone but the guy holding us.
>>
No. 608543 ID: 95a470
File 141766456083.png - (144.21KB , 800x600 , pull ear.png )
608543

>how do elves feel about ear rubs? if its a good thing rub her ears.

-I honestly have no idea. I never knew any dust elf before.

Zeeke pulls one of Nashka's ears.

Nashka: Ouch-ouch! Don't pull on my ear.

Zeeke: Sorry, I never seen them up close before.

>Oooooh, say "how about you sit on my face, so I can eat my way to your heart."

-If this is suppose to be a half assed attempt at flirt, I would rather keep that to myself.
>>
No. 608544 ID: 95a470
File 141766462421.png - (87.21KB , 800x300 , weapon of choice.png )
608544

>Well if we're just making small talk ask her what her weapon of choice is.

Nashka: Well it's not as much of a weapon, but more of a family heirloom.

Nashka shows Zeeke curved dagger, it look's old.

-We still have some 3 hours before shift begins. What should we do?
>>
No. 608549 ID: 2ec61a

i said rub not pull!
>>
No. 608563 ID: 9ddf68

>What should we do?
uh, well what can we do in three hours? I mean it's not like we have enough time to go buy some more weapons or armor, at least not some crappy second hand stuff and I don't really know how much money you have just that you have some but not much. Honestly I say just stay here for a bit and shoot the shit, try not to talk to much about your pass if you can help it and don't over do it on the drinks. Honestly the best thing I can think of right now is just relax and be ready for when for when you have to go out on patrol.
>>
No. 608618 ID: 95a470
File 141768092784.png - (172.85KB , 800x600 , guard.png )
608618

Zeeke decide's to spent the rest of the free time drinking with Nash.

Looks like she now don't get hammered as easy as before.

When the time came about they both reported to the old barraks and recived their tunic's with the city sigil on it.
>>
No. 608619 ID: 95a470
File 141768094966.png - (127.84KB , 800x600 , captain.png )
608619

Guard ???: Those who assigned to squad 33 gather here. I'm your captain for tonight, the name is Gregg Hokks.

Recrut#1: (...holy shit what's up with his face?!)

Recrut#2: (...I heard he got messed up like that trying to apprehend some hardcore criminal.)

Recrut#1: I'm suddenly not so sure about this work... uh. Sir can I quit now?

Captain Hokks: No you can't maggot! I'm not tolerating any quiters in my squad! Until the sunrise you ladies are mine. Any talk of deserting and I personaly will rearange your face so people won't be able to tell us apart... like a f**king twins!

Nash: ...wow, our captain is soo awesome!

Zeeke: His voice thou sounds kinda familiar. In a bad way...
>>
No. 608620 ID: 2ec61a

hope he thinks everyone of your race look the same.
>>
No. 608633 ID: aa1c2a

Is that the guy Lamza clubbed in the face?
>>
No. 608638 ID: 9ddf68

>>608633
I... think it might be. Well just try not to stand out or draw undo attention to yourself and you should be fine. I mean that happened over, what, a decade ago? Time plus a blow to the head should have muddied that memory enough that it shouldn't be a problem... also think of investing in a helmet at some point.
>>
No. 608663 ID: 92817b

Well hopefully you don't get noticed. Any hands raised that we are lucky?
>>
No. 608698 ID: 4f004c

Yeah okay, definitely want to keep your "ear tufts" now. Otherwise the guy will recognize you, if he IS the guy Lamza clubbed.
>>
No. 612707 ID: 95a470
File 141882042720.png - (21.02KB , 800x600 , maggots.png )
612707

(Suddenly a wild art-change appears)

After moving out of the barracks squad 33 entered -Iron district-.

Captain Hokks ordered squad to split on 5 groups of 3 people each. After patroling the area, by midnight we must report back to him at the south-east gates.
>>
No. 612708 ID: 9ec55f
File 141882048639.png - (16.04KB , 800x600 , squad.png )
612708

You look around seeing people gathering into groups... huh. Where is Nashka? She was just right here. She must have took off already. Not much people left, with whom should I "team-up" to begin patroling.

You can see:

2 humans
2 dwarfs
1 swamp elf
1 cat folk
>>
No. 612711 ID: 6b864d

approach one human and a one dwarf
>>
No. 612716 ID: 95a470
File 141882696264.png - (16.45KB , 800x600 , group.png )
612716

>approach one human and a one dwarf

Zeeke decides to team-up with one dwarf and one human.

Dwarf's name is Bolgo
Human's name is Joshua

Dwarf proposes himself onto position of group leader. Human seems to care less about it. Should you just roll with it?
>>
No. 612719 ID: 2ec61a

"why should you be the leader? not arguing, just wanna know what makes you confident about being one"
>>
No. 612722 ID: 9d8b7f

Go with it, he's a dwarf. And as we all know dwarves go and do what they do best. There's even a song for it. "I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole, diggy diggy hole, I'm digging a hole."
>>
No. 612723 ID: 95a470
File 141882873875.png - (17.52KB , 800x600 , group 2.png )
612723

>"why should you be the leader?

Bolgo: Why? It's because fuzzy, I'm twice the man than you two peepsqueaks would be ever grow up to be!

Joshua: Dude just let him have this... no biggie.

>Go with it, he's a dwarf. And as we all know dwarves go and do what they do best.

It's ok I guess...
>>
No. 612724 ID: 95a470
File 141882895189.png - (10.28KB , 800x600 , dark alley.png )
612724

Bolgo quicky leads you and Joshua into the place called "Black Alley", lot's of shady floks wanders this place at nigth. City guard glyphs on your chest keep dragging unwanted attention, to your persona.
>>
No. 612725 ID: 9d8b7f

Welp you better get your battle mode ready because you are going into possibly the bad side of the community, like the Internet.
>>
No. 612731 ID: 2ec61a

be ready to drag you and Joshua's asses out of the fire if/when bolgo starts shit with someone he shouldn't like a mob boss. i mean, yes killing the mob boss would be a good thing. but not with three guys.
>>
No. 612732 ID: fe4bfc

Be prepared for the dwarf to go power mad and do something stupid and get way over his head.

Once it happens be prepared to either back him up or run for it.
>>
No. 612752 ID: 9ddf68

Whelp this night is probably going to end in a fight. Watch your back and be ready for a fight.

So how do you get paid anyways? I mean is this simply get paid the same each night for patrolling or do you get paid per bad guy you bring in? Because if it's anything like the latter and most of these guys are mercs then you can bet your hairy ass that some guys are going to do the best to cause problems just to make a bigger pay check. If it's more like the former then the dwarf either doesn't care were he goes, has a crappy seance of self-preservation, or is trying to play hero.

Either way no mater what happens be ready to help the human and the idiot because it's still probably safer for you to be with people who will watch your back in a area like this, especially when you're wearing a guard uniform.
>>
No. 613447 ID: 95a470
File 141907922556.png - (133.18KB , 800x600 , in a dark alley.png )
613447

>Welp you better get your battle mode ready because you are going into possibly the bad side of the community, like the Internet.

-Again with the stuff I don't know anything about... but yeah this whole scenario doesn't bode well for me.

>Whelp this night is probably going to end in a fight. Watch your back and be ready for a fight.

-Ughhh... I hope you are wrong.

Following our selfappointed leader we enter dark alleyway... a lot of suspicious individals fill the area.

>So how do you get paid anyways?

-I didn't ask any specifics about payment. I guess as soon as sun will rise, I will get my gold.
>>
No. 613448 ID: 95a470
File 141907926720.png - (196.83KB , 800x600 , interrogation.png )
613448

Bolgo steps off the alleyway, down the stairs, into the city canals (you used to fish in places like this before). It didn't take long for him to spot a lonley figure of fisherman sitting by the edge of a canal. He approached fisherman and unceremoniously started interrogating him.

Bolgo: Before I begin here is one tip you need know.

Fisher: Wha!? Who are you? What?!

Bolgo: There are two things in the world you never lie in front of. One is a dwarf the other one is his axe.

Bolgo began squeezing bits of info out of him. Most of wich are utterly usless. Until he tells Bolgo about some kind of hidden underground coliseum...

Bolgo: ...where can we find it?

Fisher: The whole point of that place is that you can't find it. I myself never been there before, so i don't know where it is!

Bolgo: Well Choppy here is thinks you'r lying. I think one finger should help you remember.

Looks like Bolgo is about to go the hard way about getting his answers.
>>
No. 613449 ID: 2ec61a

kick him into the canal.
>>
No. 613462 ID: 960f14

Part of me feels like if we were to ask why Bolgo wants to know about this arena we'd gain some valuable information on his motives...As for interfering directly? I'm for it but that seems dicey as long as he's armed, besides, you seem more like the type to do clever witty stuff, Zeeke.
>>
No. 613465 ID: 6e79d4

That human doesn't seem to care, so it looks like you have to be the good cop. Interrupt Bolgo, ask him to make sure the perimeter is clear or that you weren't followed or something. Then ask some questions yourself, like how the fisher knows about this place, what kind of place would hold a fight club, and where he (she?) hasn't been so we can start ruling places out.
>>
No. 613491 ID: 95a470
File 141909615013.png - (115.90KB , 800x600 , lets not.png )
613491

Zeeke: Whoa there Captn! Don't you think cutting fingers is bit much. Why would he lie to you. Look at him, fellow must have peed himself at very sight of your axe.

Bolgo: What do you suggest then fuzzy?

Zeeke: For starters let the poor sap go. He already had enough for one day. Secondly you will tell why the heck you need to find this underground "fight club". Our duty is to keep streets safe for one night, that's all there is to it. We don't need go and seek for more troubles.

Bolgo lets fisher of with a warning.

Bolgo: You right I did loose my cool there for a moment.

Joshua: I honestly would like to see what whould you have done with a guy.

Bolgo: I enlisted into city guard with a certain goal in mind. I'm searching for somebody. And last known whereabouts of that person is underground coliseum in the city of pillars. That's all I can't tell for now. On my own there is not much I can find. So I joined city guard to scratch underbell of this foul city and find that coliseum. I do not intent to drag you two into this matter, so you can leave me be.
>>
No. 613504 ID: ea0ad9

Even if he intends to head to the colloseum alone, you can still keep an ear open for any hints on where it is.
>>
No. 613523 ID: 9ddf68

alright so he has a goal, and I'm not really seeing anything obviously wrong with his goal so I don't think we have much of a reason to stop him form trying to achieve it. Say you'll keep an ear out for him and let him know if you find something just request doesn't got to overboard with his personal quest. Last thing you want to do is explain to the captain why you were beating random nobodies in the street.
>>
No. 615570 ID: 95a470
File 141960738944.png - (122.94KB , 800x600 , crime in progress.png )
615570

Zeeke and other two continue with night patrol of the iron district.

Josh managed to spot a crime in progress. It looks like a robbery. Two thugs, one victim.
>>
No. 615571 ID: 01f35a

Welp I say go and get closer to hear but don't get seen to know what's really going on. (Like a drug deal or something.)
>>
No. 615578 ID: 6e79d4

Be careful to not give them an exit. Have Bolgo go around and cover that archway, you and the human can either make the arrest or drive them into the trap.
>>
No. 615595 ID: 9ddf68

whelp time to do what we're being payed for, someone should get behind the two thugs while the other two approach from the other side. The two confront the thugs and make the arrest while the third guy makes sure they can't run or comes in to assets should the thugs turn this into a fight.
>>
No. 616765 ID: 9ec55f
File 141995072795.png - (125.39KB , 800x600 , bandits.png )
616765

>Welp I say go and get closer to hear but don't get seen to know what's really going on.

Good idea. I'm not so eager to start a fight, especially in this part of town.

You all get closer and listen in on conversation going on in the dark quarry. It's appears to be two elf bandits holding down a human townsman. From the bits of what you managed to hear they press him about the payment for "protection" on this month.
>>
No. 616766 ID: 9ec55f
File 141995077895.png - (115.59KB , 800x600 , Plan.png )
616766

>Be careful to not give them an exit. Have Bolgo go around and cover that archway, you and the human can either make the arrest or drive them into the trap.

You relate the plan to your companions and send Bolgo to cover possible escape routes. He is not too pleased assigment but goes along with it anyway.
>>
No. 616767 ID: 9ec55f
File 141995084120.png - (105.05KB , 800x600 , not nice.png )
616767

>whelp time to do what we're being payed for

I hope it will turn out ok...

Zeeke: Hey you two! (I really hope it would startle them into running.) What the hell is going on in there!

Bandit#1: (tsk...) City watch, at this hour? You two better go seek people in some other part of the city to harass. Me and my companion just conducting some business with this good man. Ain't that right?

Victim: Yeah... everything is fine here... sir.
>>
No. 616768 ID: 01f35a

Get them
>>
No. 616769 ID: 9ec55f
File 141995182739.png - (137.18KB , 800x600 , get them.png )
616769

>Get them

Bandit#1: Get them...

Bandit_Ogre: Got them boss. What should I do with them?

Bandit#1: I don't know use your head. Tear them limb from limb. Smash their skulls. Unalive them, jeez... Should I tell you how to do anything.
>>
No. 616770 ID: 01f35a

Ha we know how to take someone bigger. Get a sharp object, get the legs or knees, and finish them off.
>>
No. 616771 ID: 2ec61a

stab em in the dick.
>>
No. 616773 ID: 9ec55f
File 141995375650.png - (163.66KB , 800x600 , knee .png )
616773

>>616770
>>616771
I'm not Zaifa I don't have any sharp objects. As for dealing damage to the knees. That I can do.

Zeeke dives out of the ogres grip and swings his battle hammer onto his kneecaps. Ogre staggers for a bit and throws away Josh. He lands in the pile of ruble nearby.
>>
No. 616774 ID: 01f35a

If he ain't down then keep on hammering, if he is down get behind him and choke him or bash the back of the head.
>>
No. 616775 ID: febe40

>>616773
Always try to get behind him, and pummel his joints! With luck and speed, you should be able to disable him.
Also, do the Archer bluff that served you well outside of the city.
>>
No. 616776 ID: 01f35a

Nah, they'll see right through it. Instead get you're pal to help. No, not the dwarf.
>>
No. 616782 ID: 9ec55f
File 141995752060.png - (117.58KB , 800x400 , attack.png )
616782

>Always try to get behind him
The guy have his back against the wall there is no getting behind him.

>keep on hammering
Zeeke swing at him one more time, this time aiming for head. Hammer lands square on his mug rendering ogre unconcious.

>get you're pal to help. No, not the dwarf.
Josh is still in the pile of rubble he would need another moment to get up...
>>
No. 616784 ID: 9ec55f
File 141995755978.png - (103.13KB , 800x600 , no hero.png )
616784

Sadly Zeeke doesn't have another moment...

Bandit#1: ...didn't you get the memo? In this city you don't get to "be" a hero... you "die" as one.

Unimaginable pain surges through Zeeke's body as cold steel covered in his blood pierces through his chest. He feels his left lung filling with liquid and his head getting lighter.
>>
No. 616787 ID: 01f35a

Oh crap he might be going into shock, ummmm can we temporarily take his body to at least help your guys. If not then snap out of it and start pushing back into him to stop him from getting his blade and hamper his abilities.
>>
No. 616791 ID: a19cd5

Take them down with you.
Kick 'em in the ghoulies as hard as you can
>>
No. 616794 ID: ba7961

>Insert [magic gem] into [gaping chest wound].
ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL!
>>
No. 616797 ID: 01f35a

We must control you.
>>
No. 616799 ID: 2ec61a

he missed your heart, anything other then instant death is survivable.


[power surge!]
>>
No. 616804 ID: 9ec55f
File 141996070548.png - (81.44KB , 800x600 , Strkt.png )
616804

>start pushing back into him to stop him from getting his blade and hamper his abilities.

Such a feat would reqire great deal of will power, wich Zeeke does not possess.

>Take them down with you.
Kick 'em in the ghoulies as hard as you can

With enemy standing right behind Zeeke. Kicking him in the ghoulies doesn't seem to be physically possible.

>Insert [magic gem] into [gaping chest wound].
>ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL!

Ok now that's just silly.

>We must control you.

Controlling body on the brink of death won't do much...

Fading into nothingness...

>he missed your heart, anything other then instant death is survivable.

Still... having hole in the chest... is kinda rules out this whole... fighting back... stuff...
>>
No. 616807 ID: 9ec55f
File 141996076640.png - (44.03KB , 800x400 , fall.png )
616807

>>
No. 616809 ID: 9ec55f
File 141996083833.png - (47.60KB , 800x600 , roll.png )
616809

>>
No. 616811 ID: 01f35a

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
>>
No. 616837 ID: 9ddf68

...
...
...
...
fuck
>>
No. 616932 ID: 9ec55f
File 142000464721.png - (74.69KB , 800x600 , Chapter 7 .png )
616932

Chapter 7

... Found it.

-It's master Zeekes gem. He was here.

Time is late noon and ground is muddy from the recent rain. Paz been looking for Zeeke for a last three days, sence he never got back to the rat's tail tavern. From what Paz could gather Zeeke was in this part of town the night he went missing.
>>
No. 616933 ID: 2ec61a

paz, thank goodness you found us, zeeke was stabbed! he's alive but hurt.
>>
No. 616937 ID: 9ec55f
File 142000599659.png - (86.92KB , 800x600 , oh no.png )
616937

>paz, thank goodness you found us, zeeke was stabbed! he's alive but hurt.

-Whaaa! Master was hurt! W-We need to help him! Do you know where he is?
>>
No. 616938 ID: d90668

He was stabbed a few feet from here. If we are lucky he was moved somewhere by a bystander or one of the temp guards he was with.

You might have to look around and see if there is anyone near here that might have seen what happened. I wish we could tell you more.
>>
No. 616944 ID: 01f35a

Worst case scenario he's dead, best case scenario he's recovering in a hospital and he just walks right along here to find us. (Highly unlikely)
>>
No. 616952 ID: 6e79d4

He was attacked in the iron district, in an alleyway.
>>
No. 616958 ID: 9ddf68

well he was with two guards last night and as far as I know the other two were more or less fine after the fighting ended. Don't worry the guards were friends... allies of Zeeke so they probably brought him to a hospital. Maybe check in with a guard outpost and ask for Ezekiel. It's what they'd know him as.
>>
No. 617249 ID: 9ec55f
File 142012379109.png - (85.80KB , 700x500 , blood .png )
617249

>He was stabbed a few feet from here.

Oh no!

Paz began frantically searching the area...

He managed to locate old bloodstain. It mostly dried out.

>Maybe check in with a guard outpost and ask for Ezekiel. It's what they'd know him as.

I can do that. Should I go right now?
>>
No. 617259 ID: 9ddf68

>>617249
well if you don't see anyone else around here it couldn't hurt.
>>
No. 617260 ID: 2ec61a

the way its settled, looks like he was dragged.
>>
No. 617332 ID: 6e79d4

What's that to your left?
>>
No. 618538 ID: f74bb7

>>617249
Check behind you (or wherever the blood smears are pointing) to see if you can't find some kind of blood-trail or other clues to figure out where Zeeke went.
>>
No. 618699 ID: b0b069

looks like he was dragged. probably by that ogre. look for footprints. or track 'em by scent. kobolds can do that, right?
>>
No. 620671 ID: 9ec55f
File 142149396236.png - (61.90KB , 720x430 , cloth.png )
620671

>What's that to your left?

Its a small piece of cloth with a pattern on it. Paz's gut tells him it's somehow related to Zeeke's disappearence.

(sniff...sniff)

Paz: It's smells like ogre.
>>
No. 620672 ID: 9ec55f
File 142149402840.png - (52.52KB , 720x430 , wheel marks.png )
620672

>Check behind you (or wherever the blood smears are pointing) to see if you can't find some kind of blood-trail or other clues to figure out where Zeeke went.


Following the trail of blood leads Paz out of the quarry back into the streets of [Iron district]. Set of wheel marks on the ground suggest that something heavy was moved from here via carriage. They cannot be traced after the carriage moved onto city's cobblestone pavement.
>>
No. 620673 ID: 9ec55f
File 142149415543.png - (155.09KB , 800x600 , gathering info.png )
620673

Paz questions a number of people in the vicinty of quarry.

None of them was able to provide any kind of helpful information. All "law abiding" townsmen don't usually wander around =Iron= district at night.
>>
No. 620677 ID: 4c297f

Ask for nearest hospital or healer.
>>
No. 620678 ID: 9ddf68

well if you can't find anything else out you can still head over to a guard outpost and see if they'd know anything about Zeeke. Again just remember to ask for Ezekiel.
>>
No. 620684 ID: 95a470
File 142150875967.png - (114.22KB , 633x433 , healer.png )
620684

>Ask for nearest hospital or healer.

People on the street point Paz in the directions of local chirch of Saint Sannis. Diciple of Sannis sits on the steps of the chirch, offering healing herbs and poitions... for acceptable prices. Favor of the god won't fill you stomach.

What should Paz ask him about?
>>
No. 620687 ID: 4c297f

Ask if a (what was zeke's species name again?) was here to get healed or if you saw one or something, just ask him about it.
>>
No. 620690 ID: ea0ad9

>what was zeke's species name again?
Fuzzy guy with ear-tufts that looked sort of like horns.
>>
No. 620727 ID: 6e79d4

Were there a couple of guys in city guard uniforms around here? Perhaps brought in the back of a cart?
>>
No. 620729 ID: 9ddf68

ask for Ezekiel
maybe also describe what he looks like.
>>
No. 620757 ID: 95a470
File 142154542222.png - (86.70KB , 633x433 , ear tufts.png )
620757

>ask for Ezekiel, maybe also describe what he looks like.
>Were there a couple of guys in city guard uniforms around here? Perhaps brought in the back of a cart?

Paz asks healer if he happened to see Zeeke and or other two guards along with him brought possibly in the back of a cart.
>>
No. 620761 ID: 95a470
File 142154595398.png - (64.32KB , 633x433 , ear tufts 2.png )
620761

Disciple of Sannis: Three days ago you say? hmm... I didn't see any guardsmen per say, but that night two sketchy looking elf's along with a human drove by on a cart. I didn't see what was inside. They bought some herbs and a couple of healing potions. After that I didn't know where they headed.
>>
No. 620763 ID: 9ddf68

>>620761
...oh for fuck sakes
would it surprise anyone that they're taking Zeeke to that underground coliseum the dwarf was talking about and the dwarf let Zeeke be captured so he could follow him and find out where this damn thing is?

(Sigh) ask the healer if he could kindly point us at least what direction the cart took off in and we'll go from there.
>>
No. 620895 ID: 6e79d4

>two sketchy looking elf's along with a human drove by
Dammit, the entire thing was a setup.

>>620763
Crap. That makes perfect sense. Alright Paz, you're going to need backup. There's a dwarf named Bolgo who has a personal interest in finding that arena and I think Nashka still owes us for that bandit escapade. They're both part of the guard, so they'll be able to help. Give us to whichever one you find and then go get Faz, we'll meet up again here.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason