[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
In memory of Flyin' Black Jackson
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 585464)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 24201 unique user posts. View catalog

File 140612219245.png - (192.50KB , 500x500 , Cursed1.png )
585464 No. 585464 ID: 30357e

The moon is beautiful, but my pyre surpasses it.

This is the most important night. The night when I achieve my destiny.

This is the night when I shall forever rid myself - and the world - of you.
Expand all images
>>
No. 585468 ID: 6d3b18

>This is the night when I shall forever rid myself - and the world - of you.
Sure it is.

Refresh our memories- why is it you're determined to do this? And who are you, again?
>>
No. 585469 ID: 17ad20

Good luck with that. Signs point to this being a terrible night to have a curse.
>>
No. 585470 ID: 30357e
File 140612430663.png - (78.17KB , 500x500 , Cursed2.png )
585470

>Good luck with that. Signs point to this being a terrible night to have a curse.
>Refresh our memories- why is it you're determined to do this? And who are you, again?

Quiet! I'm tired of your whispered riddles, your forgetfulness, and, most of all, your incessant demands!

You've cost me my family, my home and, soon, my life. But I refuse to die alone. This will be the end of it. No one else will have to deal with you... or your blight.

The moon is setting, and my pyre is lit.

I don't plan on seeing the sun rise.
>>
No. 585471 ID: e6e228

We What!?!
How in the world did that happen?
...Well, while I could try to apologizes and offer to make amends for our prior mistakes, you sound like you listened to us before and that's what landed you in this mess.
>>
No. 585473 ID: 17ad20

That's rough. You can try the pyre thing if you want, but it probably won't be that simple.
>>
No. 585476 ID: a36601

>You've cost me...my life.
You are the one choosing to give up your life for what you think is best. We most likely advised what *we* thought was best and carried through trying to get those goals accomplished. In the end though, it was your choice to follow us instead of ignoring us; just like it is your choice now whether you live or die. Whichever one you decide on, I hope it works out in the end.
>>
No. 585477 ID: 6d3b18

>No one else will have to deal with you... or your blight.
You'll forgive our skepticism, there.

It's within your power to die. It's within your power to cease communicating with us. Those things aren't explicitly linked, either. Although death generally serves to sever communications, and even if you severed them by other mean, the question of whether you continue after is a matter of semantics. Not that I would necessarily advise either, but.

Killing us, or cutting off our ability to communicate wholesale though, is likely beyond your power.
>>
No. 585480 ID: 30357e
File 140612637907.png - (247.53KB , 500x500 , Cursed3.png )
585480

>That's rough. You can try the pyre thing if you want, but it probably won't be that simple.
>While I could try to apologizes and offer to make amends for our prior mistakes, you sound like you listened to us before and that's what landed you in this mess.
>You are the one choosing to give up your life for what you think is best.

I cannot live like this, knowing what I bring to others, knowing what influences me or controls me. I couldn't bear to know that I passed this curse on to anyone else. No, no... This is the end. This... is how it has to end.

If this is to be my last decision, then so be it. Maybe it's wrong, maybe it's foolish. But it's mine to make, and mine alone.

Goodbye. You shall never be heard again.
>>
No. 585481 ID: 30357e
File 140612679776.png - (56.16KB , 500x500 , Cursed4.png )
585481

"-ka salo, min kotash. In life as in death, in mind as in soul. May you find peace in the Path of Lights."

The corpse's skin is dry and coarse, like parchment. Poor soul. What could have compelled him into this wasteland, so far away from anything and everything? Maybe he just got lost traveling. Ah, well, I guess I'll never know.

At least I have given him some peace in death. My duty is done here... I should gather his belongings and return them to the Orrery. He no longer needs them, and I'm sure the Stellars can put them to use.
>>
No. 585483 ID: b2a874

I don't suppose you're our new charge, friend?
>>
No. 585484 ID: 6d3b18

>What could have compelled him into this wasteland, so far away from anything and everything?
Despair, loss, and a resolution to keep others from the danger he thought he presented.

He died thinking he did something right and noble, if it's any consolation. Though he might be disappointed with the outcome, were he in a position to see it.
>>
No. 585486 ID: 30357e
File 140612848640.png - (66.61KB , 500x500 , Cursed5.png )
585486

>He died thinking he did something right and noble, if it's any consolation. Though he might be disappointed with the outcome, were he in a position to see it.
>I don't suppose you're our new charge, friend?

...?!

"Hello? Who's there? Don't worry, I won't hurt you - I'm only a ward with the Stellars, bringing peace to the departed. It's safe, I swear!"

Who could be out here? They sounded so close, too... Maybe they know something about what happened here.
>>
No. 585487 ID: 6d3b18

Uh, coming out isn't exactly an option. We don't exactly have a body to bring forward. Disembodied voices, and all.

Which means it's our turn to try and reassure you that we're safe, I suppose.

...and yes, we know something about what happened here. We witnessed it. Or at least, the last moments. And yes, I know you didn't speak that last bit aloud. Sorry, we can't choose to turn off the eavesdropping, and it's more polite to let you know.
>>
No. 585489 ID: b2a874

Basically, you now have a legion of individual personalities in your head.

I'd say lucky you, but that may not be accurate, seeing as how our last charge burned himself to death to get away from us.
>>
No. 585490 ID: 30357e
File 140613028573.png - (67.65KB , 500x500 , Cursed6.png )
585490

>Uh, coming out isn't exactly an option. We don't exactly have a body to bring forward. Disembodied voices, and all.
>Basically, you now have a legion of individual personalities in your head.

Could they be... Spirits? Visitors, from the Path? I have heard the Stellars say that spirits sometimes work to bring peace to those with unbroken ties, but I had always assumed it was a superstition. I guess not.

"Hello, spirits, if that is what you are!"

> I'd say lucky you, but that may not be accurate, seeing as how our last charge burned himself to death to get away from us.
>yes, we know something about what happened here. We witnessed it. Or at least, the last moments. And yes, I know you didn't speak that last bit aloud. Sorry, we can't choose to turn off the eavesdropping, and it's more polite to let you know.

Not spirits, then, if they were here before this man died. Hang on, if they can read my mind, then they could be hearing me think this. Now they're hearing me think about them reading my mind... How bizarre.

"If not spirits, then what are you? You call me your 'charge'... Is there some way I can assist you? I will help you, if I can."
>>
No. 585491 ID: e6e228

Ah, rule of thumb, just 'Think' at us. No need to ask us vocally.
And honestly? We've got nothing better to do here in this world right now, so I guess just go along with whatever you were doing before.
>>
No. 585492 ID: 6d3b18

>Is there some way I can assist you?
Generally that's our role, really. We're not in a position to do more than offer advice or commentary where we can.
>>
No. 585493 ID: b2a874

Most just call us "voices" or "the voices"; as for what we are, the simplest I can describe us is minds without bodies, each different and frequently conflicting. That being said, I call you charge because WE generally strive to assist YOU with advice and council.

With that being said, not all of us feel the same, some of us are less than benign (or sane), and as you can see, whatever we did to our previous host resulted in his suicide. In short: if you take our advice, balance it with your own common sense.

And of course, keep in mind we can now hear ALL your thoughts. Apologies, but nothing is secret from us anymore.
>>
No. 585495 ID: 874468

Ah yes, the disclaimers:
We are not responsible, at all. We never have been.
We specifically are not responsible for the quality of advice given when we don't understand the situation (and all the relevant details) we are working with.
We specifically are not responsible for the quality of advice given when we do not know or understand your goals.
We specifically are not responsible for keeping our discussions and suggestions polite since some of us are just bad at that: Be firm with us when our more bored members inquire about your romantic life unless you actually would like our help with that.
We also do not promise to avoid commentary about your goals and influencing you towards dropping, changing or altering your goals if they strike us as particularly awful in some way.
Sometimes our advice and conversation can be totally daft due to a lack of common sense and even ignorance of the most basic facts. Most of have been disembodied very long, and enough of us come from so far away that everything we are used to could be different for you.

With those disclaimers given, between us we know many things. Our primary role is as advisors because that is all we can do usually. We are also so legion that individual introductions on our part would be pointless.
Please tell us what you would like us to know about yourself, enough about your world for us to establish the basic rules, and what you would like to accomplish that seems unclear or difficult for you. Or don't; but if you don't give us an agenda to influence you towards of your own design some of us will be very inventive in devising one for you.
>>
No. 585502 ID: 2fd516

>>585490
You should probably do some proper research on how to kill us. I suspect eventually you will want to do that.
>>
No. 585503 ID: 30357e
File 140613739555.png - (103.27KB , 500x500 , Cursed7.png )
585503

>Most just call us "voices" or "the voices"; as for what we are, the simplest I can describe us is minds without bodies, each different and frequently conflicting. That being said, I call you charge because WE generally strive to assist YOU with advice and council.
>We're not in a position to do more than offer advice or commentary where we can.

"Interesting! Thank you for offering assistance, though I hardly think I'm worthy of your help. I'm just a low-ranking Vil. Not really a prestigious order, either. I'm no VIP."

>Ah, rule of thumb, just 'Think' at us. No need to ask us vocally.

"Sor-" Sorry, not used to this. This is weird.

>And of course, keep in mind we can now hear ALL your thoughts. Apologies, but nothing is secret from us anymore.

Oh this is really weird. Wait does that mean you even know about - don't think about it don't think about it don't think about it

>Honestly? We've got nothing better to do here in this world right now, so I guess just go along with whatever you were doing before.

Alright... Actually, that works out well. I was just about to go through the dead man's things and decide what to take back to the Orrery. Maybe we can find something to help learn more about this man, and where he came from.
>>
No. 585504 ID: ae664b

Good idea. Distressingly, we have no memory of our time with him save for his suicide itself. We really have no idea what we DID to him to cause this.
>>
No. 585505 ID: ef7fd2

>>585503
That would be helpful, yes. It might be interesting to know how we messed this poor soul's life up as hard as evidently did.
While we go through the trove of corpsegoods though, tell us a bit more about yourself! Where are you from? What's your job? whats the socio-political climate like?
Imagine we have been hermited away in a cave living off fruits and nuts for the past forever-odd years, we know NOTHING about this world yet.
>>
No. 585506 ID: 30357e
File 140613795901.png - (49.27KB , 500x500 , Cursed8.png )
585506

>*numerous disclaimers*
>You should probably do some proper research on how to kill us. I suspect eventually you will want to do that.

Hang on, I'm not one for killing people, especially strangers. I've seen enough death today. Let's see if we can learn more about you first, okay?

I know it's not a lot - it was hard to even find these things - but it's all I could find that wasn't burned to a crisp.

The book seems to be a journal or scrapbook or something. It's so worn and damaged that I'm hesitant to open it. I feel like it might just fall apart in my bag, even.

The necklace seemed almost untouched by the flames. I've never seen a gem like that. It doesn't look valuable, but I'm no jeweler.

The... thing looks like it is (or was) a charm or something. I wasn't even sure if it wasn't just clothing or
mixed-up ash until I saw the blood runes on it. I don't know what it is, but it must have had some sort of magic in it. Dex Iricae at the Orrery might know more. I'm no wizard.
>>
No. 585508 ID: 2fd516

>>585506
If you brought the journal back without opening it could you get it reinforced with magic so it wouldn't fall apart? If not, may as well read it now. Or maybe if you did that the pages would fly away in the wind... Well. Maybe bringing it back and reading it indoors would be a better idea. If it falls apart in your bag it'll still have all the pages so not much lost there.
>>
No. 585509 ID: 6d3b18

>I'm no VIP.
I appreciate the humility, but we don't always get a say in who we accompany.

>Wait does that mean you even know about...
Surface thoughts only. We don't know how you feel, for instance, unless you tell us, or think about your feelings. We don't know your memories, unless you think through them. Etc.

We can be prone to slipping in and out, though. Time isn't always the same for us as it is for you. So you may well find time to yourself.

>not one for killing
Noble, but we're just being cautious. That man committed suicide, and he blamed us. And we aren't sure of the exact reasons that lead to this.

>book
Preserve it until you get access to magic or forensics so the contents can be examined without destroying them. I assume there are scholars somewhere who work in the recovery of damaged texts.
>>
No. 585511 ID: 9ddf68

did it just get darker?

so would it be rude of me to ask what you're doing out here in this wasteland as you called it? Part of the reason this guy choice this spot for his final resting place was because of it's isolation. In other words people who come this way usually come with a purpose. And can you tell us about spirits in general, I'm curios on your take of them.
>>
No. 585512 ID: ef7fd2

There's a favicon up for you in the favicon thread, approve or disapprove! I am also willing to make a new one, if that one doesn't suffice! It was a bit experimental, ahaha.
>>
No. 585571 ID: 5274ab

The real thing to do in this sort of situation is to try and scoop everything up into a bag, or a folded cloak, and bring it to someone who does know a thing or two about magic, without actually touching any of it with your bare hands.
>>
No. 585577 ID: ccd544

The necklace might be us, or it could be an ordinary magical amulet, or it could be an ordinary sapphire gem set into an ordinary titanium alloyed frame.

Still, it's a universal fact that if something seems suspicious, evil, or weird, it's probably going to screw you over somehow just because we voices are involved.

We tend to be magical catalysts by proximity, so very rare geniuses or artifacts have used as a source of theoretically limitless magical power.
>>
No. 585592 ID: 30357e
File 140618664893.png - (206.30KB , 500x500 , Cursed9.png )
585592

> tell us a bit more about yourself! Where are you from? What's your job? whats the socio-political climate like?
>so would it be rude of me to ask what you're doing out here in this wasteland as you called it?

You want to know about me? But I’m nobody. I’m just a minor Vil who patrols the Spiral.

>Imagine we have been hermited away in a cave living off fruits and nuts for the past forever-odd years, we know NOTHING about this world yet.

I understand. I’ll do my best. I don’t know much about the world outside the Grey Spiral, but… I can tell you about the Path of Lights, if you don’t already know about it.

Maybe you’ve seen it already (though you don’t have eyes, so I have to wonder if you can see at all). The Path of Lights is usually visible at night, and sometimes in the day. To most, it is simply a random assortment of lights in the sky, pretty to look at, but considered irrelevant. The Path is far more. Each step on the Path - a star - is a teacher and guardian of a world. They bring life and warmth to the planets, and even in death, their ashes spread across the Path and form new worlds, new stars… New life.

Though we can’t see these worlds, we know of their existence thanks to the Stellars. They speak to Stell, our star, and from him learn more and more about the Path of Lights and the meaning of things. There aren’t a lot of Stellars; I’ve never met one, at least. They seem keep to themselves most of the time.
>>
No. 585593 ID: 30357e
File 140618686203.png - (43.99KB , 500x500 , Cursed10.png )
585593

I am a Vil. Some people call us the Orphaned Order, because though we are thought of as priests or clerics, we don’t worship gods, and we are made up mostly of orphans and beggars from outside of the Spiral. People with no place to go are always welcomed by the Vil. There are a lot of us. Too many for the Orrery. Most of us just wander, bringing peace to the dead and teaching people about the Path. I’m lucky enough to stay at the Orrery, running errands for whoever needs help at the time. I know it’s not a prestigious life, but I’m happy enough with it.

There’s also the Dex and the Moq. The Dex are the people who maintain the Orrery and update it to reflect the teaching of the Stellars. They’re good guys, overall. The Moq are snobbish jerks, but they’re also the ones who record what the Stellars learn and relate Stell’s teachings to us, so we usually do what they say. Not that we like it.

>If you brought the journal back without opening it could you get it reinforced with magic so it wouldn't fall apart?
>Preserve it until you get access to magic or forensics so the contents can be examined without destroying them. I assume there are scholars somewhere who work in the recovery of damaged texts.

I’ve never met anyone who practiced the Art, and even if I did, I doubt they’d use it in such a mundane way. Iricae might be able to fix it up, though. He likes to repair the junk I find out here, and he likes puzzles even more. He’s just going to love you.

>The real thing to do in this sort of situation is to try and scoop everything up into a bag, or a folded cloak, and bring it to someone who does know a thing or two about magic, without actually touching any of it with your bare hands.

I have just the thing - a small pair of tongs I always keep on my person. They’ve come in handy more times than you’d think. I’ve got gloves on, too, so no worry there.

>did it just get darker?

Oh, I hadn’t noticed! Yeah, it’s definitely time to turn back. If you want to come back here later, we can, but it’s not good to be out in the Spiral at night.
>>
No. 585594 ID: 30357e
File 140618704978.png - (286.52KB , 500x500 , Cursed11.png )
585594

Here we are.

Welcome to my home.
>>
No. 585595 ID: 9ddf68

Meanwhile, in the hall of justice!

sorry but this reminds me of something unimportant. It also feels a bit intimidating for some reason.

But enough on that, lets focus on you since you're the most interesting thing we've come across since that man burnt himself on that pyre however long ago and I for one would like our more worthwhile future memories to be far less morbid then that. So you said that you are more or less a courier for the Orrery? What do they usually have you look for/carry around for them? Oh and I don't wish this conversion to be one sided, if you have questions ask, we'll answer them to the best of our ability.
>>
No. 585605 ID: f461c5

>>585592
Also, we cannot see, so much as we usually perceive you, your surroundings, and sometimes any visualization prominent in your mind.We can see behind you, and sometimes we can see things you wont be able to perceive or notice, but often we find ourselves blind when our charge is blinded, like in pitch blackness. If our charge can see in the dark, however, we can usually see fine, so we are an extension of sorts of your own perception.
>>
No. 585608 ID: 17ad20

What do you mean by outside the Spiral? Is it only visible in the night sky in some parts of the world?
>>
No. 585614 ID: 6d3b18

>>585594
Snazzy. What's the writing on the arch say?
>>
No. 585703 ID: 874468

I'm not sure you're said what your name is, 'minor Vil,' but maybe you'd rather not reveal that directly?
Minor world-details we'd like to know: How common is literacy, starvation, and war in your world, and what are the three most common major causes of death?
>>
No. 586432 ID: 7e4b54

>>585594
Holy crap the place you live looks AWESOME. Digging all that chrome yo.
>>
No. 588249 ID: 30357e
File 140728754134.png - (210.24KB , 1000x1000 , Cursed14.png )
588249

>Holy crap the place you live looks AWESOME. Digging all that chrome yo.
>Snazzy.
>It also feels a bit intimidating for some reason.

It's been so long since we've had any visitors. I forget that it has that effect on people. The Orrery was created by the first Stellars, when Stell spoke to them on the Stair of Ascension. According to legend, the voice of Stell turned the sand to glass and diamond, which the Stellars built into the Orrery. Of course, those early Stellars not being architects, the place has buckled and broken dozens of times under its own weight, and more of it has been built by the Dex than what remains from the old days. Iricae says it's for the best; he mentions that modern plumbing wasn't one of Stell's lessons.

>What's the writing on the arch say?

The first words of Stell heard by understanding ears. The words were translated centuries ago into the language of the Rashe, an ancient empire, and it remains out of tradition, as even the modern translation is awkward in comparison. Roughly: 'Know that the [cycle of existence] wears two masks. Accept duality in all.'. in Vil terms, It's known as the Binary Psalm. Its meaning varies based on the individual. To me, it speaks of life and death, and how they are part of the same circle. So I aid both as well as I can.

>I'm not sure you're said what your name is, 'minor Vil,' but maybe you'd rather not reveal that directly?

My title is Vil, and that's also the name of my order. My name is Laakuni. I don't know what it means; it's my only keepsake from wherever I came from as a child.
>>
No. 588251 ID: 30357e
File 140728760981.png - (177.84KB , 1000x1000 , Cursed15.png )
588251

Welcome to the Hall of Darkness. The first Stellars thought it would be a good idea to leave the entryway to the Orrery as a descending stairway with no lights. Maybe they thought it would lead to introspection, but usually it just leads to accidents.

>What do you mean by outside the Spiral?

I… Apologies, I thought you knew. It’s hard to know what you do and don’t already know. The Spirals are a series of worlds in the Path. They have different names in different places. Time passes differently in each, and they have a different… Feeling? It’s hard to put into words. There are ten that I know of, but I can’t recall any but a few offhand. The Grey Spiral, Kajiikien of Solace, is where I have lived for as long as I can remember. Some of the others are Vitan of Law, Molzeer of Peace, Zaetys of Study… There’s a lot. We call Kajiikien the Grey Spiral because the days and nights are always equal, and there is no ‘solstice’ where the light waxes and wanes. It’s hard to imagine not having twenty-hour days and twenty-hour nights. It seems unreal. Anyway, we are also the least populated, for we have very little growth and water compared to the others.

As an orphan, I was brought from another Spiral, though I don’t know which or by whom. I doubt I’ll ever know. The Moq don’t record such things. I admit I’m curious, but it doesn’t bother me much. I have my place, my duty. I don’t need anything else.

>How common is literacy, starvation, and war in your world, and what are the three most common major causes of death?

Most Grey peoples are nomadic. Starvation and thirst are large concerns. There are few wars - maybe a conflict between clans over water or food, but they are never large enough to be called wars. Three most common causes of death? Um… Starvation, thirst, and… Predators, I guess. I’m lucky enough to only have to worry about the third, and that’s only if I spend too long outside the Orrery. The nights are when the big ones come out.

So, um… Spirits? Advisors? Whatever you may be, I have a question. Dex Iricae will be on duty now, I think. He gets out in an hour or so, though I do know where he usually works. Should I try to talk to him now, or should I report to the Moq about it first? Technically, I’m supposed to tell the Moq about anything unusual before talking to anyone else, so they can chronicle it.
>>
No. 588252 ID: 9ddf68

why you asking us? But if the guy is just going to mark down what you bring him I don't see why you shouldn't see him first. If you mean he's going to take the stuff you found away to catalog it then bring it to your friend so he can have a look before they take it.
>>
No. 588265 ID: 2fd516

>>588251
May as well talk to the Moq instead of bothering your buddy while he's on duty.
>>
No. 588269 ID: 30357e
File 140729381029.gif - (27.65KB , 500x500 , Cursed16.gif )
588269

>why you asking us?

I wasn’t sure about what I wanted to do, so I figured I’d ask for your help. You mentioned wanting to assist me, so I thought this might be an opportunity for you to do that. I am here to serve, after all.

>May as well talk to the Moq instead of bothering your buddy while he's on duty.

Alright. A bit of warning… The Moq have a… rough demeanor. I don’t completely know how they’ll react to you. I don’t think they’ll hurt either of us, at least. They’re not the kind to actually do anything. They’re just patronizing and snobbish. Ah well. My duty is to everyone, including the Moq.

:CursedRed: iserveinallhumilityandgracebutiamfarbetterthanthis
>>
No. 588270 ID: 2fd516

>>588269
Oh god what. I don't like this. Everything is flashing red.

Can you get this over quick so we don't have to be near this guy for too long?
>>
No. 588271 ID: 9ddf68

>I serve in all humility and grace but I am far better than this?

The hell does that mean? Laakuni, does that sound familiar? it popped up when you decided to see the Moq?
>>
No. 588281 ID: 30357e
File 140729834873.png - (125.00KB , 500x500 , Cursed17.png )
588281

>Oh god what. I don't like this. Everything is flashing red.

Huh? I don’t see anything.

>I serve in all humility and grace but I am far better than this
>The hell does that mean? Laakuni, does that sound familiar? it popped up when you decided to see the Moq?

Doesn’t ring a bell… It didn’t come from me, either. I just don’t think that way.

>Can you get this over quick so we don't have to be near this guy for too long?

What guy? The Moq? I’m going to see Moq Rekkia - she’s the nicest Moq I know, not that that’s saying much. I’ll try to hurry, I guess. What’s going on?

There she is - I’ll try to get her attention. It looks like she’s copying something down.

“Rekkia! Hey! Moq Rekkia!”

“Huh?” Despite the response, she’s still writing. Let me try again.

“It’s Laakuni! You know, Vil Laakuni?”

“Laakuni? What are you doing here? I swear, I’m not going to decrypt any more ripped-up cookbooks for you. Go give Iri your junk, I’m busy.”

“No, no, it’s…” Huh.

“Yeah? Finish your sentence and leave me alone, scavenger. You stink of the wastes.” She might be rude, but she’s curious now.

What exactly do I say, spirits? I’m not sure how you would like to be described, or if you’d like me to leave out any details. I wouldn’t want to betray you unintentionally.
>>
No. 588285 ID: a36601

We're getting a weird bit of interference. Some images and some criss-crossed words. Don't worry too much about it until we can make some sense of it. I'd say tell her you found the book by a scorched body in the middle of the desert and he had some magic runes/charms on him. Hopefully it's a journal or something telling his story; pretty much what you would have tried to do before you met us. You don't have to mention us. (and you probably shouldn't to her; not that I don't trust her but she may hurt you/us if she decides to "help")
>>
No. 588286 ID: 40935b

>I wouldn't want to betray you unintentionally.
From what we gather, we're stuck with you 'till death do we part. If anything, you should be looking after your own skin right now. Would being cursed with voices subject you to involuntary confinement or magical experimentation?
>>
No. 588287 ID: 761017

>>588281
Well you found a magic amulet by a burnt corpse that appears to still be active. No idea what it is doing, but it is doing something.

You found a possible journal with the burned corpse, it's nearly fallen apart so you figured that Rikkia could, or know someone who could, safely preserve or transcribe the contents.

You encountered a symbol. A circle with six stripes tapering upwards from the bottom of the circle, crossing eachother to make a sort of tower.
I know you haven't personally seen it, but that's merely semantics since we've seen it, and we are part of you, so you actually have seen it, making this statement true!
>>
No. 588288 ID: 2fd516

>>588281
That... wasn't the Moq? I wonder what that was, then. The symbol was in your head. It's like... the peak of a mountain cris-crossed by lines at the base, and surrounded by a circle. Above all, it was red.

I'm suddenly leery about telling her about us... but do it. Say you've been hearing voices since you found the body.
>>
No. 588305 ID: 9ddf68

well if you don't want to tell her about us just mention the burnt body, say it looked like he burned himself to death, you found some things on him and were going to see if you couldn't maybe pull something off of the journal you found with the body.

If you do want to tell her about us say you found the burned remains of a man who burned himself to death to try and free himself of a curse he claimed ruined his life, so he found the most remote place he could and ended it all in the hopes that the thing that cursed him would go down with him or at the very least be trapped forever alone in the middle of the desert till time itself stopped. If she ask how you know that say that the "curse" is now with you and we told you so... also we say hi.
>>
No. 588476 ID: 30357e
File 140738741545.png - (52.68KB , 500x457 , Cursed18.png )
588476

>We're getting a weird bit of interference. Some images and some criss-crossed words. Don't worry too much about it until we can make some sense of it.

O…kay. Just keep me in the loop.

>you should be looking after your own skin right now. Would being cursed with voices subject you to involuntary confinement or magical experimentation?

I don’t think so. They’d probably just hound me with questions and not let me leave the Orrery until they figure out what you are.

>You don't have to mention us. (and you probably shouldn't to her; not that I don't trust her but she may hurt you/us if she decides to "help")
>I'm suddenly leery about telling her about us... but do it.

I have to admit you’ve put me a little on edge about it. I’ll tell her when I can get her alone, so the rest of the Moq don’t descend on me immediately.

For now…

>Well you found a magic amulet by a burnt corpse that appears to still be active. No idea what it is doing, but it is doing something. You found a possible journal with the burned corpse, it's nearly fallen apart so you figured that Rikkia could, or know someone who could, safely preserve or transcribe the contents.

“I found some mystical stuff out in the wastes, not to mention a few mysteries.”

> The symbol was in your head. It's like... the peak of a mountain criss-crossed by lines at the base, and surrounded by a circle. Above all, it was red.
>You encountered a symbol. A circle with six stripes tapering upwards from the bottom of the circle, crossing each other to make a sort of tower. I know you haven't personally seen it, but that's merely semantics since we've seen it, and we are part of you, so you actually have seen it, making this statement true!

Are you part of me? I guess you are. Right now, at least. I’ll try to describe the symbol, though it’s hard to describe something I’ve never seen. “Um, also, I found an odd symbol. A circle with six stripes tapering upwards from the bottom of the circle, crossing each other to make a sort of tower, or, like, the peak of a mountain criss-crossed by lines at the base, and surrounded by a circle. Ring any bells?”

She stops writing. “You didn’t touch the magic things, did you?”

“Of course not. I used a pair of tongs. Plus I had gloves on.” I’m not stupid, Moq.

Rekkia flips over the side of her pylon and races down the ladder. “Do me a favor and save all the details until I can get my hands on some paper. I’ve got a journal in my room, so let’s get going. Bring the junk with you.”

Huh. I’ve never been to Rekkia’s room, or any Moq’s, for that matter.
>>
No. 588477 ID: 30357e
File 140738746757.png - (55.43KB , 500x500 , Cursed19.png )
588477

Wow. This is a big room. Way bigger than mine, anyway. Typical.

Rekkia’s got a frenzied grin growing on her face. She gets like this when she finds something interesting or new to study.

She races ahead, throwing her formal robe on the floor. As she searches her messy sheets and desk for her journal, I notice she’s still got her leg-brace on. I helped get Iricae some parts for it a while back, after her accident.Ungrateful bitch. Funny, I thought it was only supposed to be used for the short-term.

>If you do want to tell her about us say you found the burned remains of a man who burned himself to death to try and free himself of a curse he claimed ruined his life, so he found the most remote place he could and ended it all in the hopes that the thing that cursed him would go down with him or at the very least be trapped forever alone in the middle of the desert till time itself stopped. If she ask how you know that say that the "curse" is now with you and we told you so... also we say hi.

“Er… Rekki, before you start scribbling-“

“Ha ha! Found it!” She triumphantly brandishes a dingy-looking tome. I wonder if she made it herself. “Okay, start from the beginning. Where were you, what time of day, tell me everything you did as best you can remember.”

“Okay…” I do so. It takes a bit. I tell her about everything, though I leave you for last.

“Huh… So this stranger just up and died in a fire? Mysterious. Annoyingly mysterious. Don’t you know anything else?”

“Well…” I pause to consider how best to desc- :CursedChange:
>>
No. 588479 ID: 30357e
File 140738758804.png - (91.37KB , 500x500 , Cursed20.png )
588479

:CursedGreen: -was stupid to bring him here. What am I doing?

Laakuni is nice, but I know the fraternization rules as well as anybody. Well, I guess it’s too late now. I’ll just try to keep calm and document his latest adventure.

I wonder what he’s thinking about? It’s hard to gauge his emotion under that hood of his. Damn the Vil and their stupid hoods.I so want to see his face.

Oh, he’s speaking again! Yes! Time to write!

“See, the man died trying to get rid of a curse. He thought suicide was the only way to stop it.” He stiffens for a moment. Is he listening to something? I don’t hear anything. “…and I think I have that ‘curse’ now, though I’m not sure it is one.”

My hand slows. I’m not sure what to write. “Wait, what? You’re cursed?”

“Sort of, I guess. Basically I have a bunch of voices talking to me now. I can hear them like they’re only a few feet away. They call me their new ‘charge’, but they don’t know what they are any more than I do.”

He’s hearing voices? Don’t tell me… He has heatstroke. Good job, Rekkia. You invited a delusional priest to your room. What in Grey do I do now? I guess I could try to sneak out and get help… I’ll just smile, nod, and slowly tiptoe away.

“Rekkia?”

“Uh- ha! Ha ha! Voices! Yeah, that’s, that’s crazy.”

WHY WOULD I SAY THAT NOW HE’S GONNA KILL ME I ALWAYS KNEW IT WOULD END LIKE THIS
>>
No. 588481 ID: ef7fd2

>>588479
Calm down. First off, we appear to be in your head now. Second, he is not likely to kill anyone, though it appears that when we change heads, so to speak, we get different perspectives on thing.
So uh, thanks for showing us that.
Anyhow, let him know we are in here and don't have any clue why.
Also, that symbol he mentioned showed up for us when we hopped over, if that means anything. Also, it was a different color, sort of purplish with some bits covered in red, and then it went all bright green. Since you might be interested in that sort of minutae.
Also, thank him for the help with the legbrace, he seems to think you are ungrateful for it or something? We arent sure if the red text is him or not. personal theory? subconscious thoughts, which means they are to be mostly disregarded.
>>
No. 588482 ID: 2fd516

>>588479
Whoa, we're contagious?! Hi. Um, we're the voices he's talking about. Ask him if he's still hearing them, because they're talking to you now.

You may have to establish quarantine. If he's still hearing things it's not us anymore, which would be bad. If it keeps spreading, then... Look, please tell us you've heard of anything like us before. Maybe if you can look through the book it'll give you some clues.
>>
No. 588484 ID: 40935b

No rekkia, you are of crazy.

Well it turns out we are transferable. Or contagious. I guess that depends on perspective. Keep in mind, we may be causing people to think differently or unintentionally putting thoughts in people's heads. We've seen some anomalies out of line with Vil's character, mostly indications of him being upset with his station.
>>
No. 588490 ID: a36601

Welcome to the world of headvoices! Honestly we figured that we'd only be transferable by touch. We are advisers by station so I hope you'll let us try to help with this situation as best we can.

I figure that the colored things are linked to previous events. (why the words betray and nice are in color)
>>
No. 588492 ID: 2fd516

>>588490
I think they are heightened emotions/thoughts brought on by the curse. Laakuni's are negative, Rekkia's... not so much. Rekkia, did you have the hots for Laakuni before today?
>>
No. 588501 ID: 30357e
File 140739202599.png - (100.58KB , 500x500 , Cursed21.png )
588501

>First off, we appear to be in your head now.
>Whoa, we're contagious?! Hi. Um, we're the voices he's talking about. Ask him if he's still hearing them, because they're talking to you now.
>Well it turns out we are transferable. Or contagious.
>Welcome to the world of headvoices!
>>
No. 588502 ID: 30357e
File 140739211734.png - (99.90KB , 500x500 , Cursed22.png )
588502

>No Rekkia, you are of crazy.

“AAAAAIIIAAE! AAAH! AAAAAAH! AAAAAA!”

“Rekkia?! Are you okay? What is it?”

>Rekkia, did you have the hots for Laakuni before today?

“AAAAAHHHHH HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT NO ONE CAN KNOW THAT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT AAAAAAAHH!

“Rekki! What are you talking about? Know what?! Why are you screaming?!"
>>
No. 588504 ID: 2fd516

>>588502
Holy crap calm down! I don't know how to control this thing uh
[switch to Laakuni]
>>
No. 588537 ID: 9ddf68

...you know for someone who seems to be specialized in all things magical I'd honestly thought you'd be handling this better.

Do... do you need us to give you a moment so you can calm down or is that just not going to happen?
>>
No. 588540 ID: 6560ff

Just calm down and let him know we're in YOUR head now instead of his. Tell him it happened when he described the symbol.

Also, tell him we are now picking up subconscious thoughts, and that his are somewhat worrying.
>>
No. 588544 ID: 51d9ee

peace Moq Rekki! Repeat the symbol description he gave to you, and we will be ousted from your mind!
>>
No. 588563 ID: a36601

Laakuni reacted so much calmer than this. What are you so afraid of? If multiple people can hear the same voice then you are not just crazy! It's magic shit and we thought that was your specialty!
>>
No. 588579 ID: ccd544

>>588544
that actually might work!
>>
No. 588590 ID: 2fd516

>>588544
That's... not what did it last time. If you re-read what happened, you'll note that he gave the description of the symbol far before the change in hosts happened. He paused to think of how to describe US.
>>
No. 590159 ID: 30357e
File 140844123591.png - (52.03KB , 500x500 , Cursed23.png )
590159

>Holy crap calm down! I don't know how to control this thing uh

“CONTROL ME? YOU DON’T CONTROL ME! NO NO NO!”

>Just calm down and let him know we're in YOUR head now instead of his.
>let him know we are in here and don't have any clue why.

Huuh. Guh. Deep breaths! Deep breaths…

“L-Laakuni, they’re in my head… How do I get them out?”

“You can hear them too?”

>[switch to Laakuni]

“I… I think they want back into your head. Can we do that? Like, now?”

“uh… I can still hear them. They’re giving me advice on how to calm you down.”

“No no no nooo, I cannot have an audience in my head, Laaki! We’ve got to get them out now. Now!

“I guess I know where Iricae is working - he might have some ideas! Just calm down, Rekki, hysteria’s not going to help anything.”

“You gave me a curse. I have every right to be hysterical!”

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry! Is there anything I can do to make it up to you?”

“Just get them out and wrap me in your strong arms.

:CursedGreen:
>>
No. 590160 ID: 30357e
File 140844125772.png - (61.31KB , 500x500 , Cursed24.png )
590160

“…What?”

WHAT
>>
No. 590161 ID: 953e02

...Well that didn't take long. Laakuni, if you really can still hear us: you just heard Rekkia's subconscious. Also, it turns out what we were hearing earlier in your mind was YOUR subconscious. You may not know this, but deep down you're a lot more bitter and resentful than you're letting on.
>>
No. 590163 ID: a36601

That interference we were talking about is apparently you guys' emotions/inner thoughts. So now you both have to deal with this awkwardness(and us reading your thoughts) until you lift the curse.

Now you can do two things; you can explain how you feel about each other in an open and honest way, or you can run away from each other and solve none of your problems.
>>
No. 590175 ID: b651f5

It seems to amplify certain emotions, with a different one for each person. For Laakuni it seems to be pride or something, and for Rekkia it is... that.
>>
No. 590176 ID: 40935b

See? Unintentionally putting thoughts in people's heads! Or maybe bringing out the innermost in people. Could even be both.

Anyway, I'd suggest quarantine rather than contacting anyone else.
>>
No. 590186 ID: 2fd516

>>590160
Oh lawdy. Yeah, we can't switch at will, and it sounds like we left copies or bits of ourselves back in his head. That right there that you just said, that's a symptom of the curse. Things you wouldn't normally say or think, put into your mind or mouth. Laakuni is having bitter, angry thoughts put into his head, and it looks red to us. Yours are romantic thoughts towards him, which look green to us. It sounds like you already had feelings for him, but Laakuni says he's not an angry man, so I don't know what's going on with his stuff.

In either case, I think I understand why the last guy to have this curse burned himself to death in a bid to kill us. This is very disruptive. So uh, I think your goal at this point should be figuring out how to get rid of us, and we'll help.

Hmm, let me try something though.
[red]
>>
No. 590198 ID: 9ddf68

yeah that last part MAY have been us, not entirely sure but whenever little things like that poke through we see a symbol that seems to change color depending on who is being affected but I'm not sure if it's just us hearing what a person is really thinking or just adding a thought or thoughts into the person's head. Either way don't read to much into little things like that and we'll let you know when the odd thoughts pop up. But yeah I'm starting to see why that one guy went a little off the deep end.
>>
No. 591092 ID: 761017

:CursedChange:
>>
No. 591909 ID: 436cdc

Oh oh could someone do me a huge favor
[5:21:30 PM] Idiometric: My computer died super hard and I'm buying a new one soon
[5:22:14 PM] Idiometric: So just if someone could pop into the Cursed thread and mention that as the reason for no updates right now, that'd be Stellar
>>
No. 595426 ID: 30357e
File 141150199402.png - (29.60KB , 600x400 , Cursed25.png )
595426

>I think I understand why the last guy to have this curse burned himself to death in a bid to kill us.
>I'm starting to see why that one guy went a little off the deep end.

“Laakuni, I… I really don’t want to go crazy and bite it in the desert.”

“Don’t worry, Rekki, you won’t. Hey, can we discuss what you just-“

>See? Unintentionally putting thoughts in people's heads! Or maybe bringing out the innermost in people. Could even be both.

“I-it was them! Putting thoughts in my head!”

“I… guess that makes sense? Still-“

>I'd suggest quarantine rather than contacting anyone else.

“Okay… They’re suggesting we institute a q-“

>Now you can do two things; you can explain how you feel about each other in an open and honest way, or you can run away from each other and solve none of your problems.

“…”
>>
No. 595427 ID: 30357e
File 141150202354.png - (77.02KB , 600x400 , Cursed26.png )
595427

“…A quick little run over to Iricae’s workplace, so he can sort this all out!”

“O-okay, but can we just talk about-“

”Let’s go, Laakuni!”

:CursedRed:

Strange. Well, I guess it’s a good time to see Iricae anyway.

Well, unless you don’t want to do that. If he lifts the curse… That would kill you, wouldn’t it? What do you want to do here?
>>
No. 595428 ID: 2fd516

>>595427
Why do you give a shit about us? We're the ones fucking with your head, even unintentionally. If it's possible to come up with a solution to control the implanted thoughts without fully lifting the curse, then I'd be for it. Otherwise... think of yourself before us.

That said, um, she totally does have a thing for you. She just doesn't want to voice that. Which makes me wonder, are we implanting thoughts, or are we just dragging them out into the open? Are you okay, Laakuni? Are you sure you don't have some resentment or anger issues?
>>
No. 595436 ID: 61771b

>>595427
Honestly I'm not sure what "lifting" the curse would do to us. What I want out of this is to help the people we meet and cause a net good in their lives.

You seem to care more about us then we do. You believe we can be positive and do good in this world or are you just into us because we're something different.?
>>
No. 595453 ID: 9ddf68

we survived being burn alive and then left alone for who knows how long in the desert before you came along, I'm sure you'll be fine, but it your life that we're messing with so maybe you should get us checked out, you know just to be safe.
>>
No. 595457 ID: 40935b

> What do you want to do here?
I don't know! I think we usually try to convince people to follow their dreams, but apparently that made the last guy we were advising commit suicide by bonfire! Just... be careful not to get locked in room 101 or something.

Do you have any idea why Rekkia would think you would react violently when she said head voices voices are crazy?
>>
No. 595461 ID: 30357e
File 141151562001.png - (46.74KB , 600x400 , Cursed27.png )
595461

>Why do you give a shit about us? We're the ones fucking with your head, even unintentionally. If it's possible to come up with a solution to control the implanted thoughts without fully lifting the curse, then I'd be for it. Otherwise... think of yourself before us.

How could I not think of you? Curse or not, you’re clearly living, thinking intelligences. Perhaps the only ones of your kind. Stell teaches that empathy is what allows for progress and peace. If I led you to your end, even if you allowed it, what kind of monster would that make me?

>What I want out of this is to help the people we meet and cause a net good in their lives. You seem to care more about us then we do. You believe we can be positive and do good in this world or are you just into us because we're something different?

I believe everyone does good in this world, whether they want to or not. Your will to help others shows you want to help more than most people. Maybe more than me. Maybe not.

>She totally does have a thing for you. She just doesn't want to voice that.

I noticed. It’s weird. She’s never acted this way before; normally she’s just haughty and rude. There’s never been any indication that she’s had any feelings for me. As a Moq, she can’t be in a relationship with me anyway. We both know better.

>Which makes me wonder, are we implanting thoughts, or are we just dragging them out into the open? Are you okay, Laakuni? Are you sure you don't have some resentment or anger issues?

…Why do you ask?

“Laakuni, are you coming? Come on, let’s go!”

“Yeah, okay.”
>>
No. 595462 ID: 30357e
File 141151566052.png - (195.54KB , 600x400 , Cursed28.png )
595462

Here we are. Dex Iricae’s… workshop?

It’s his space, anyway. It’s unmistakeable. He brought parts of his old home with him.

He’s a Visitor, like me. He came from another Sigil, but while I’ve been here for my whole life, he’s only been here for a year or so. Not to mention he’s a lot more… different. It makes it hard for the other Dex to connect with him, so he mostly works with the Vil.

Let’s not even mention the Moq. Iricae kind of… disgusts them. Rekkia is sort of their ambassador, thanks to Iri helping with her leg, but even she’s never been here.

“So, Laakuni. You know Iri better than I do… What next?”

“I guess we… knock? Or just call out, I guess. Hey! Iricae! Dex Iricae! It’s Vil Laakuni and Moq Rekkia! Can we come in?”

We wait for a bit, but there’s no response. I’ll try again.

“…Hello? Iricae?”

“Is he in there? What should we do?”

“I don’t know. He hasn’t responded, but his hearing isn’t as good as ours.”

What do you think? Should we barge in? Wait? Look for someone else?

…Odd, how quickly I’ve come to rely on your advice.
>>
No. 595469 ID: 2fd516

>>595462
Try knocking.

As for the red thoughts we're seeing... well we saw "Ungrateful bitch." when you were talking to us about her leg brace, and "Typical." when you noted her room was way bigger than yours. Just now we got "…Odd, how quickly I’ve come to rely on your advice."

Are you not actually thinking these things? Hmm... Perhaps she normally has a small liking for you but not anything of note, and acts haughty to keep her distance. So we're amplifying repressed thoughts and emotions, perhaps? We crowd around inside your head, increasing the ambient pressure, so anything you try to keep locked up gets pushed out even harder...
>>
No. 595502 ID: 10e6c3

>>595462
We ask because it would appear you can't hide /anything/ from us, and we're getting heavy vibes off of very angry, negative words. Like KILL and MONSTER. To us it looks like they're big, red, angry words interspersed with normal lines of thought.
So you've got quite a bit of buried resentment, or you need an exorcism for us AND done kind of angry demon thing.
>>
No. 595574 ID: 61771b

>>595462
Man that place is creepy.
Well the 3 things that may be happening are:
1 He just didn't hear us, where it would be fine to barge in;
2 He is working on something he can't afford to stop working on, in which case it is better to leave him alone; or
3 He is in trouble and needs some help.

I recommend walking into his place while making a little bit of noise the whole way. Enough to make sure he knows you're there and just enough to be annoying and a little distracting. Worst thing you can do to a tinkerer is to surprise them while they are working on something.
>>
No. 598405 ID: 30357e
File 141337217058.png - (649.08KB , 1200x800 , Cursed29.png )
598405

>I recommend walking into his place while making a little bit of noise the whole way. Enough to make sure he knows you're there and just enough to be annoying and a little distracting. Worst thing you can do to a tinkerer is to surprise them while they are working on something.

All right. I should warn you, though… When I said he brought parts of his home with him, I meant that he brought most of it.

“Iricae! We’re here! Are you there?”

Rekkia was clearly not expecting this. “Um, Laakuni? Am I hallucinating now, too?”

“You’re fine, Rekki. Welcome to Iri’s little hideaway.”

“Could you please define ‘little’ for me?”

>As for the red thoughts we're seeing... well we saw "Ungrateful bitch." when you were talking to us about her leg brace, and "Typical." when you noted her room was way bigger than yours. Just now we got "…Odd, how quickly I’ve come to rely on your advice."

What? I don’t remember thinking any of that.

>Are you not actually thinking these things? Hmm... Perhaps she normally has a small liking for you but not anything of note, and acts haughty to keep her distance. So we're amplifying repressed thoughts and emotions, perhaps? We crowd around inside your head, increasing the ambient pressure, so anything you try to keep locked up gets pushed out even harder…
>So you've got quite a bit of buried resentment, or you need an exorcism for us AND done kind of angry demon thing.

Repressed thoughts? Buried resentment? …’Kalo ti maka yoka salo min kotash’… No, no, I never tried to seal those parts of me away, I just- this isn’t my fault! It can’t be!It must be something else. I’ve never betrayed Stell. Never! Never.

A familiar voice echoes in the clammy air. “Am here. Very agitated. Annoyed. Would have replied if not busy. What is it?”

“We’ve got some… visitors. In our heads. I found something new in the wastes.”

A pause. “Am no longer busy. Intrigued. Climb up tunnel. Will examine.” That got him; he’s curious now.
>>
No. 598406 ID: 30357e
File 141337221675.png - (208.01KB , 800x1200 , Cursed30.png )
598406

The climb is something I’m used to, though Rekkia is obviously not.

“Laakuni, what’s this slime?”

“It’s fine, Rekki, just don’t get any in your mouth.”

“I wasn’t exactly planning on it.”

“Good.”

I go on ahead a little. There he is.

He speaks without turning. “Am was sure this would happen eventually. Humor. Sure you would find something dangerous in refuse in time. Something interesting.”

I ignore his fractured grammar. Normally I would correct him, but…“Yeah, yeah. Look, this thing’s infectious, okay?”

“Am confused. Entities inside mind, you said. Infectious? Disease? You seek cure?”

“Er… I’m not sure. It - they - say they want to be cured. I’m not sure, though. It doesn’t seem right.”

“Am aware of your disdain for murder. Agreement. Too fascinating to destroy. Further study required. Explain situation fully.”

I do so, but… I hesitate to talk about the red thoughts. I’ll bring it up later if it’s important.

He grows more interested by the moment. “Am curious about relics found. Requesting. Requiring. Do you have them with you?”

I nod.

“Am pleased. Inquiry. It may take time to examine each piece. Is there one item that stands out as important? Specify if so.” He waits.

Huh. Makes sense as a question; what do you think I should give him first? The necklace, the book, or the weird charm thing?
>>
No. 598411 ID: 61771b

Journal will probably tell you more about *us* in the sense of the previous life of the man you found. It will also probably tell you what we did to/for him.

The necklace will probably tell you more about the civilization that he came from. What relics/ magic items they had.

The charm will probably tell you about the darker side of the art and possibly how to use it yourself. But. If it does then I assume it'd come at a steep price.

Right now we need direction more than we need abilities or knowledge. Go with the journal. If it really does show the man's life then you might see why we are a curse instead of a blessing.
>>
No. 598417 ID: 1c677c

We should approach the curse in a structured and objective way to gain understanding instead of spasming about how wicked or bad thing it is.

A sword isn't all blade, it also has a hilt and most swords even have a handguard. The best swords swords even never leave the scabbard. A curse too is something of artifice and I'm sure the one who cast it had careful safety measures and a purpose for it.

So I would approach the study as follows: Who was this person and how did he change? What exactly changed him and how did it relate to a bigger picture?
>>
No. 598421 ID: 219868

the journal will probably give us the most relevant/directly applicable information. the other two items will likely raise far more questions than they answer.
>>
No. 598543 ID: 30357e
File 141347718190.png - (102.67KB , 900x900 , Cursed31.png )
598543

>the journal will probably give us the most relevant/directly applicable information
>Right now we need direction more than we need abilities or knowledge. Go with the journal.

"The journal seems like a good place to start."

Iricae clicks his lower mandibles. "Am in agreement. Information. Possibly manual? Documentation? Must investigate."

Rekkia pops out of the tunnel just as I start to pass Iricae the journal. "Journal? Oy! Hey! That's my job. Why didn't you give me that in the first place?"

I hesitate. "Iricae seemed like he could get more out of it."

"Oh really? He's about as proficient in languages as a beetle, and not those smart ones from Zaetys. Give it to me, I'll have it straightened out in no time."

"Yeah, but-"

Iricae clicks again, more rapidly. I think he's annoyed. "Am waiting. You going to give the journal or not?"

They both stare at me expectantly.

Well, this is a little... um.

Bail me out here - which of them should I give the book to?
>>
No. 598545 ID: 436cdc

>>598543 Gordian solution? Have them both working on it together. One has the headvoices infecting her, which might be tainting her perception. The other guy, however, has a pretty clear (if straight-forward) head.
Girl can translate bits, but mister talks-like-a-robot here has the technical knowhow to put the knowledge together.

Failing that, though, we should hand it off to miss not-so-secret crush there, and hand off the other two items to Iricae.
>>
No. 598546 ID: 2fd516

You didn't give her the journal before because she panicked after getting infected, remember? There wasn't any time. But hey, now we can have two people working at the same time.

Hand over the necklace instead. It was untouched by the flames, just as we were. It could be the source of the infection.
>>
No. 598554 ID: 1c677c

I hate you if you can't make a choice.

I disrespect you if you can't stand behind your choice.
>>
No. 598599 ID: 30357e
File 141350335502.png - (178.27KB , 900x900 , Cursed32.png )
598599

>Have them both working on it together.

Aheh. Mm. Moq don’t really do teamwork.

>Failing that, though, we should hand it off to miss not-so-secret crush there, and hand off the other two items to Iricae.
>hey, now we can have two people working at the same time.

"Sorry, Iri, I think Rekki gets it.”

He clicks irritably. Oh boy. He’ll remember this. He’s a cool guy, but he does have an odd sense of loyalty. Can’t wait to see what useless errand he makes me run for this. I am just too tired to deal with him right now, though, so I ignore his look.

I hand the book off to Rekkia, who grins wildly and gets her notebook ready. Per your suggestion, I give the other items to Iricae, though I do have the sense to not take them out of the bag. He delicately accepts the bag with his pincers, then immediately starts to work, emptying the bag and examining the contents with various lenses and tools.

…And now we’re back to my everyday bit, where I wait around until somebody needs something. It’s my job, after all. I’m just a Vil. But I deserve respect.

I can’t help but yawn. It’s been a long, odd day. Normally I’d be asleep around now, I think. It’s hard to tell time in here, but it must be long past dark by now, and I’ve been up for several days. I could use some rest. Not to mention a bath.
>>
No. 598600 ID: 2fd516

>>598599
Yeah, sure, but remember, you should be under quarantine.

What does "Kalo ti maka yoka salo min kotash" mean? Along those lines, what did you try to tell us after that? Something about you not trying to seal those parts of you away? I think part of what you were saying was overwritten by another red thought.
>>
No. 598618 ID: 30357e
File 141350989217.png - (126.30KB , 900x900 , Cursed33.png )
598618

>Yeah, sure, but remember, you should be under quarantine.

Yeah, yeah. I’ll just sit down and try to relax. I’m not sure if I’m entirely ready to sleep in Iricae’s workshop. Anything could happen in here. Plus Iri might not appreciate me napping.

>What does "Kalo ti maka yoka salo min kotash" mean? Along those lines, what did you try to tell us after that? Something about you not trying to seal those parts of you away?

Oh. Right. Yes, the Binary Psalm… You mentioned this curse bringing out repressed thoughts, and I considered… Well, probably not, but.. The Binary Psalm speaks of the duality in all things, and how to be whole, one must recognize and accept their own divisions.

What if this… this thing that’s happening to me is because I’ve neglected the more aggressive parts of my being? I never meant to suppress them, but it’s true that I rarely show hostility or envy. I thought that’s what being a Vil meant. To be useful. Dutiful. A tool to be used by others.

I always interpreted the Binary Psalm as referring to the split between life and death, and how we had to make peace with death in order to find peace in life. I dedicated my life to supporting the dead on their journey through the Path of Lights.

What if I was wrong? What if I was ignoring the aggressive parts of myself, and that’s causing the aggression you’ve been seeing? Could I have misinterpreted Stell’s most important lesson so completely? To be split so heavily?

It’s terrible to think I might have betrayed my guide and guardian. But if my lack of aggression is causing this, my lack of indulging my darker half, how am I supposed to change my behavior? I can’t just go around punching things and yelling at people, can I?
>>
No. 598621 ID: 2fd516

>>598618
No, you can't. However, you should probably take up some hobby that will let you be aggressive. Maybe be more assertive with people?
>>
No. 598674 ID: 30357e
File 141355986252.gif - (162.21KB , 900x900 , Cursed34.gif )
598674

>No, you can't. However, you should probably take up some hobby that will let you be aggressive. Maybe be more assertive with people?

Yeah… Yeah! That’s a good idea.

Maybe some sort of athletic sport. I am a bit wiry, but I could probably still kick ass at something like running, or martial arts.

It would be a nice way to indulge my neglected side. Get to know it better.

Yeah, I’ll do that.

:InnerSigilRed:

…what.

I suddenly feel very, very strange.
>>
No. 598675 ID: 436cdc

>>598674
Yeah, you look strange here too. Kinda all... wobbly.
Look around, see if something has changed. Got a sneaking suspicion that we may have blacked out or something, so if shit's wrecked we probably know why.
>>
No. 598676 ID: 8f01e8

New symbol. Four-way radial symmetry this time, with a dot at the center.
>>
No. 598678 ID: 305519

...Did...Can you stand up for a second? I'm not sure what's up but I'm not sure if you shrank or just moved around without memory of it...
>>
No. 598680 ID: 2fd516

It's some kind of "inner sigil". I wonder if by agreeing to change yourself, the infection just got deeper... The question is, is this a good thing or a bad thing?
>>
No. 598684 ID: 30357e
File 141356466568.gif - (477.48KB , 900x900 , Cursed35.gif )
598684

>New symbol. Four-way radial symmetry this time, with a dot at the center.
>I wonder if by agreeing to change yourself, the infection just got deeper... The question is, is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Oh, great. More symbols. What did I do now?

>...Did...Can you stand up for a second? I'm not sure what's up but I'm not sure if you shrank or just moved around without memory of it…

I feel kind of nauseous standing up, but I do. I try to straighten out my clothes, but they’re not hanging right on my body… I might throw up. Everything seems off-balance and shaky.

>Look around, see if something has changed. Got a sneaking suspicion that we may have blacked out or something, so if shit's wrecked we probably know why.

No, everything seems fine… Rekkia’s still studying the book… The world’s fuzzy, though, like it’s drifting in and out of color, out of focus. I’m having trouble standing, too; something’s wrong with my… my leg, it’s…

I put my hand on my forehead, try to stabilize…
>>
No. 598685 ID: 30357e
File 141356469999.gif - (273.42KB , 900x900 , Cursed36.gif )
598685

…this isn’t… my hand.

“Laakuni? Are you okay?”

“I don’t…what…my leg, it hurts…”

I try to keep standing, but I can’t.
>>
No. 598686 ID: 436cdc

Well FUCK.
Alright, new rule then! No more trying to change people.All for, say Aye. All opposed, say nay.
Here's hoping we didn't just kill him, that would suck.
>>
No. 598688 ID: 2fd516

>>598685
Ok ok maybe we can fix this. Go back to how you were before. Don't be aggressive. Be a Vil. Be who you had already decided to be.
>>
No. 598691 ID: 1c677c

I just suspect that we just achieved a career in martial arts. It often ends in a bad injury for those who suck or mastery for those who have might.
>>
No. 598693 ID: 30357e
File 141356803694.png - (20.05KB , 900x900 , Cursed37.png )
598693


>>
No. 598694 ID: 30357e
File 141356805460.png - (293.28KB , 900x900 , Cursed38.png )
598694

…guh?
>>
No. 598695 ID: 2fd516

>>598694
Where's your hood? Did you always look like Rekkia, or did you just turn into her?!
>>
No. 598698 ID: 30357e
File 141356987828.png - (311.56KB , 900x900 , Cursed39.png )
598698

>Where's your hood?

I don’t know!

>Did you always look like Rekkia, or did you just turn into her?!

No I do not normally look like Rekkia, and, may I add, WHAT THE FUCK, WHY AM I REKKIA?!
>>
No. 598700 ID: 2fd516

>>598698
I am deeply sorry. This is probably why the last guy burned himself to death to try to kill us.

I think you'd better go see if the others are alright.
>>
No. 598702 ID: 131423

I blame the curse that came with us.
Though I'm personally wondering if our last victim ever experienced THIS.
>>
No. 598708 ID: 30357e
File 141357284902.png - (422.76KB , 900x900 , Cursed40.png )
598708

>I think you'd better go see if the others are alright.

Oh Stell, the others! I have to find them! I run to the door-

Well, that didn’t take long.

“Morning, sis. Sleep well?”

what

"Might not want to run so much with that leg. Trust me, it's a bitch."
>>
No. 598709 ID: 2fd516

>>598708
Why is she so casual about this? Doesn't she get that you'd want your body back?

You do want your body back don't you? Don't tell me you've secretly wanted to be a woman.
>>
No. 598712 ID: d64d29

Not funny.
>>
No. 598717 ID: 1c677c

You've been assimilated.
>>
No. 598719 ID: 30357e
File 141357626637.png - (121.65KB , 900x900 , Cursed41.png )
598719

>Why is she so casual about this?

I have no idea. I’m still freaking out! I mean what the fuck!

>Doesn't she get that you'd want your body back? You do want your body back don't you? Don't tell me you've secretly wanted to be a woman.

Of course I want my own body back! I’ve never even thought about being a lady, let alone Rekkia! Even if I did, I would want to be own species, at least.

Not funny. Rekkia, what the Stell is happening? Why am I you? Why don’t you care that I’m you?!”

“Oh, I freaked out over it for an hour or so when it happened, and I was worried we’d have to go twinsies for the rest of our lives, or that I’d turn into Iri or something, but then I read the journal.”

“…And?”

“Have you even tried to turn back yet, Laakuni?”

“Uh, no, I guess not. But I just woke up.”

“Well, rest assured, you’re fine, you can turn back whenever you want. I think.”

“You think?

“It’s a really shitty journal, okay? Be glad I got even that much out of it.”

“I don’t suppose you know what happened to me? Why I’m a living mirror suddenly?”

“Stage 2 of the curse. Magical superpowers.”

“…Seriously?”

“Well, sort of. Anyway, you shouldn’t have any problems. You should have complete control over… this. Might want to wait a bit so Iri can get you caught up, though, if the change is anything like the last time. Don’t go sleeping the whole day away, now.”
>>
No. 598720 ID: 2fd516

>>598719
Wow, thank god. So... this stage of the curse is benign? This isn't why the last guy was pissed at us. Must be a later stage of the curse where it actually gets bad.

We're still seeing red thoughts by the way, but I guess you haven't made good on those plans to learn a martial art, so that could change. Or maybe they'll always show up, until you're perfect. Which will never happen, obviously. Hmm, maybe that's why the last guy got pissed at us? We kept pushing him to improve and he/we started taking drastic measures to attain greater heights? Then it all started crashing down on him, perhaps... Well, this is just speculation. We should find out what was in that journal.
>>
No. 598724 ID: 131423

Right. Don't walk/stress the leg much if you can avoid it...And now that I think on it, did you just say something about your own species? That's something unexpected/we don't know about.
While we wait, mind filling us in on the different species thing?
>>
No. 598730 ID: ed5a38

I wonder what this does...
:CursedChange:
>>
No. 598739 ID: 89b2a2

>>598719
Well, we know it's against the rules to have relations with a Moq, but is it okay for a Moq to do things with herself?

I mean, technically...
>>
No. 598741 ID: d64d29

Alright, try changing yourself back. Focus on... you I guess.
>>
No. 598754 ID: 30357e
File 141358965462.png - (414.02KB , 900x900 , Cursed42.png )
598754

>Right. Don't walk/stress the leg much if you can avoid it…

Yeah. Last thing I need right now is a matching leg-brace.

>Wow, thank god. So... this stage of the curse is benign?

Looks like it… Well, that’s a weight off my shoulders. Rekkia’s shoulders. Whatever.

>Well, we know it's against the rules to have relations with a Moq, but is it okay for a Moq to do things with herself?

Huh? I guess not. Why do you as- oh. Um.

>Alright, try changing yourself back. Focus on... you I guess.

Definitely gonna do that, yes. Gimme a bit to prepare, so I maybe don’t collapse like last time.

>now that I think on it, did you just say something about your own species? That's something unexpected/we don't know about. While we wait, mind filling us in on the different species thing?

Did I not mention? Sorry. I’m not native to this spiral. I was brought here from another world and left here when I was very young. I don’t know what world I’m from or what species I am, but I’m clearly not from Kajiikien. Normally, my skin is the color and texture of charcoal, and my eyes glow in the dark. It’s really bizarre feeling all smooth and, uh, bouncy.

>We should find out what was in that journal.

“What else did you find out?”

“Ooh, you’d be surprised. But come on, Iri’s waiting. Let’s walk and talk, beautiful.”
>>
No. 598755 ID: 30357e
File 141358967852.png - (31.73KB , 900x900 , Cursed43.png )
598755

“It’s really more of a scrapbook than a journal, but it helped me find out what I wanted to know. It has some articles detailing what I’m pretty sure is the curse, though it doesn’t say where it came from, just how it works.”

“Okay… So how does it work?”

“Well, Stage 1 is called ‘ inner waking’. From what I could translate, it looks like the curse wakes up the subconscious in each person it touches, forcing each infected person to ‘accept their darkness’. The harder you fight it, the more powerfully it pushes back. When you stop fighting and accept it, you hit Stage 2.”

“Ah yes. Stage 2: breasts and nausea.”

“Hee, yeah, for you anyway. Stage 2 is ‘outer waking’. It apparently, uh, ‘gifts’ a person with an ability based off their personality.”

“…So you’re saying I got breasts and nausea ‘cause it’s just who I am?”

“Yup!”

“Balls.”

“Not anymore! To be honest, what you said about being a living mirror is probably more accurate, if I had to guess. I doubt you’d be given the power to just turn into me, though that would be flattering, in a really weird kind of way.”

She grins.

“Anyway, Stage 3 is called ‘weaving’. This is where the pages get a little, uh, burned, so I kinda had to guess. I think it has something to do with mixing the body and mind together, but I’m not sure.”

“Lovely.”

“Just wait ’til you hear about Stage 4. ‘the spire’ or ‘the pinnacle’ - I’m not exactly a hundred percent on the translation here. The words seem to indicate a sort of perfection, but they talk about it like it’s horrifying or nightmarish.”
>>
No. 598756 ID: 30357e
File 141358970740.gif - (169.11KB , 900x900 , Cursed44.gif )
598756

“Well, looks like we’re here.”

“Am happy to see you, Rekkia. You also, Rekkia.” He chitters in amusement.

“Yeah, yeah, everyone make fun of the cursed guy.”

“Girl.” She giggles.

“Oh shut up.”

“Never! Anyway, Iricae, care to demonstrate your findings?”

He nods, excited. He starts to do something with the necklace.
>>
No. 598757 ID: 2fd516

>>598756
Did he just poke a hole in reality? What's it do?
>>
No. 598763 ID: 057ab6

IDK what that dark thing/stuff/aura is but I don't like the looks of it!
But what is it?
@-Rekkia, you looking forward to YOUR second stage shenanigans? Granted we don't know you well but I'm guessing one of two things- something related to machinery oooor...Funtimes. Naughty, Naughty Funtimes.
>>
No. 598804 ID: 330ce5

What is your wish, this may seem unimportant but those underlying goals may be what push you forward.
>>
No. 598834 ID: 30357e
File 141364768203.png - (362.75KB , 900x900 , Cursed45.png )
598834

>Did he just poke a hole in reality? What's it do?

“Did you just poke a hole in reality? What’s it do?”

He looks a little crestfallen. “Is… Sigil Tracer. Am thought you knew.”

“Sigil what?”

Rekkia explains. “It’s a gate-maker. Each Spiral, each world, has its ‘true name’, or its Warp Sigil. If you know the right Sigil, a Sigil Tracer can take you anywhere, anyworld…”
>>
No. 598835 ID: 30357e
File 141364771383.png - (43.98KB , 900x900 , Cursed46.png )
598835

:CursedGreen:

“…And I think I know a pretty good place to start.”

>Rekkia, you looking forward to YOUR second stage shenanigans?
Stell yeah I am! Magical superpowers, man!

>Granted we don't know you well but I'm guessing one of two things- something related to machinery oooor...Funtimes. Naughty, Naughty Funtimes.

What? Machinery? I don’t know anything about machines. I’m a Moq! We mostly document stuff and collect books and whatnot. Translating, history, book-keeping. Word-stuffs, language, you know?

As for the other thing… Ee. Eee hee hee…

Ack! Stop it! Stupid brain. And stop thinking about how adorably flustered Laaki is this morning! I mean he’s me right now! Ick! Ick ick ick!

…Maybe I’m just that cute? Hee…

Hey, I said stop it! Stop being gross!
>>
No. 598847 ID: 2fd516

>>598835
You're certainly not gonna get to Stage 2 if you keep fighting yourself. I would like to state, however, that we don't know how to avoid progressing to stage 3 or 4. If you want to steer clear of what those stages give you, you're gonna have to avoid stage 2. Though, from the description of the symptoms, it sounds like the longer you have the curse the harder it is to avoid progressing in it. Maybe if you just ignore your subconscious, instead of directly fighting it? Then it won't increase in intensity, maybe.

Tell us now if you want to progress, and we'll help you on that path. I think I know why Laakuni is a living mirror, by the way. It's because of what he thinks his role in society is. "A tool to be used by others". What do you think you're supposed to be? You've described what you tend to do, but not what that makes you.
>>
No. 598848 ID: d64d29

Well now you have an excuse to get with him- Science! You should still take your time, though, we can't have too many people turning at once.

Where are you headed?
>>
No. 598858 ID: 30357e
File 141366469319.png - (90.82KB , 900x900 , Cursed47.png )
598858

>Where are you headed?

I explain to Laakuni. “I’m pretty sure this is the Warp Sigil for the Spiral that our ‘patient zero’ last visited. If we want to find out where this curse came from and how to stop it, this is probably our best bet.”

He nods hesitantly. “I guess so… But we can’t just go blindly through, right? We’ve got to tell the Stellars, get supplies and stuff.”

I shrug. “I dunno. It might be risky going near anybody right now. Especially the Stellars. Who knows, this thing might even be able to infect Stell.”

“Stell? Nah. He can cure anything.”

“Are you willing to take that chance?”

“…”

>You're certainly not gonna get to Stage 2 if you keep fighting yourself.

You’re telling me that, in order to get magical superpowers, I need to bone myself?

…I think I can wait. Even if I don’t reaaaally want to- No! Bad!

Honestly, I have no idea how I’m supposed to ‘embrace my inner darkness’ or whatever. If it means constant orgies, I don’t think I can handle that.

I’m good at keeping my sexuality quiet. I’ve done it for years.

>Maybe if you just ignore your subconscious, instead of directly fighting it? Then it won't increase in intensity, maybe.

…You realize that you’re telling me to ignore you, too? Besides, it’s hard. If I let up for even a second, I start thinking about sweaty naked- Gah! See what I mean? It’s so frustrating having my own thoughts betray me whenever I start to relax.
>>
No. 598859 ID: 30357e
File 141366472206.png - (75.49KB , 900x900 , Cursed48.png )
598859

>I think I know why Laakuni is a living mirror, by the way. It's because of what he thinks his role in society is. "A tool to be used by others". What do you think you're supposed to be? You've described what you tend to do, but not what that makes you.

Um, well… The Moq are important. Almost as important as the Stellars. We’re around specifically ‘cause Stell requested it. He said that ‘accurate histories’ would prevent people from idolizing him or misunderstanding his lessons.

We can’t have any biases. No relationships, no friends. The Moq and the Dex are our servants, nothing more. No matter how we feel, we put that aside and devote ourselves to the truth, the facts, and that devotion defines our lives.

No love for family, either. I’m not an orphan like Laakuni, but I was still abandoned. My parents, randomly chosen to procreate by the Orrery, decided I was getting ‘too attached’, and sent me to another part of the Orrery when I was little. I don’t even know who they are, or what they look like.

The Vil and the Dex obey us, though they call us manipulative and elitist. They usually joke about us and insult us behind our backs.

It hurts, sometimes. But it’s supposed to hurt, right? That’s what keeps us honest.
>>
No. 598862 ID: 436cdc

>>598859
Well, this whole experience should make for an interesting entry in the history of forever, right? Gender swapping nonsense and unbidden thoughts driving to lust after your own supple flesh and all that.

Regardless, if this is your life's goal here, being a Moq, then we should probably find out what to do about this curse before it hits the, uh, rubberbanding stage.
See, you are resisting this a LOT. And as the journal indicated, that is going to make the final (inevitable?) break into accepting the suppressed part of you (your lust) a lot more violent.
Which is worrying, laakuni went through it with a minimum of resistance and he TRANSFORMED INTO YOU. What ungodly thing will happen to you if you keep resisting?
>>
No. 598869 ID: 2fd516

>>598859
Well that's a pretty dysfunctional societal arrangement. Okay, so you're forbidden from having a relationship. I don't agree with that, but you're dedicated to that ideal. However, nothing says you can't fantasize. Or masturbate. Or have sex without attachment. You have options besides complete repression.

It's not supposed to hurt. You are sacrificing your own desires in search of objective truth. You should be respected, not mocked.

Hey, tell us about Stell and the Stellars. Also, I agree we should probably not approach them, but you do need supplies.
>>
No. 598870 ID: 89b2a2

>>598858
Don't be so extreme. There's no reason to be sexless, but that doesn't mean you should make a Moqs Gone Wild video.

>>598859
Pain is usually a sign of things gone wrong. Is not denying this part of yourself also distorting the truth? Consider carefully.

I suppose you could always get yourself magically gelded.
>>
No. 598872 ID: 45bbdb

Hey, hey guys!
IDK what we did before but let's not just push the curse further! I know I kinda got the ball rolling on that, buuut at the same time, let's not forget Mr. Pyre.
And in this case? I'd like to note Rekkia's reluctance to embrace those 'green' thoughts of hers...
Wait, we haven't infected Iricae yet. He might still be 'clean' so to speak, so he can explain the dealie. Alternatively, we can TRY to leave behind a detailed explaination, but either way, precautions must be taken.
>>
No. 598884 ID: 30357e
File 141367408615.png - (138.88KB , 900x900 , Cursed49.png )
598884

>nothing says you can't fantasize. Or masturbate.

Oh, um, no, nothing says I can’t do that.. Aheh. Hee hee.

> Or have sex without attachment.

…I can do that?!

But doesn’t sex have to be all romantic and loving?

>Pain is usually a sign of things gone wrong. Is not denying this part of yourself also distorting the truth? Consider carefully.

Yeah, I guess, but… Um…

…That’s a very good point actually.

>Wait, we haven't infected Iricae yet. He might still be 'clean' so to speak, so he can explain the dealie. Alternatively, we can TRY to leave behind a detailed explaination, but either way, precautions must be taken.

Yeah, that’s true… Iri and I have been around each other for hours, and he’s still not infected, as far as I can tell. Maybe he could deliver the message of our terrible, superpowered fate.

And meanwhile, Laakuni and I could stay here together and…

…No, no, that’s not right… right?
>>
No. 598885 ID: 2fd516

>>598884
Sex doesn't have to be romantic and loving. It can just be lustful. I mean, if you think about it, do you have any romantic interest in Laakuni, or do you just think he's totally hot?

Granted, the problem with sex without romance is that it could maybe lead to romance. Emotions are tricky. Then again you have a lot of practice in it so maybe you'll be fine. What about Laakuni though? Hmm, that isn't your problem is it? You can't have friends, so you shouldn't be overly concerned with the aftereffects of your interactions.
>>
No. 598886 ID: 436cdc

Careful there. I say we consult whatever texts we can find on the subject. Casual sex is great, but it's a touchy subject for some cultures.
If there's nothing banning it though, I say go for it, if laakuni is down.
>>
No. 598891 ID: 8f01e8

You are living proof that your parents had sex with each other at least once, without forming a lasting attachment. Such a thing may be difficult to manage properly but calling it impossible simply contradicts the historical record.
>>
No. 598894 ID: 30357e
File 141368464729.png - (105.61KB , 900x900 , Cursed50.png )
598894

>You are living proof that your parents had sex with each other at least once, without forming a lasting attachment. Such a thing may be difficult to manage properly but calling it impossible simply contradicts the historical record.

I… I guess I never really thought about it. I always kind of hoped they loved each other. I mean, for all I know, they could have been Vil or Dex.

>Careful there. I say we consult whatever texts we can find on the subject. Casual sex is great, but it's a touchy subject for some cultures. If there's nothing banning it though, I say go for it, if laakuni is down.

Yeah~! No! Agh, shut up shut up shut up!

>Sex doesn't have to be romantic and loving. It can just be lustful. I mean, if you think about it, do you have any romantic interest in Laakuni, or do you just think he's totally hot?

Uhhh. Uh. That’s a question.

Do I like him romantically or physically? I mean one hand he’s always been around for me and he helped me get my leg brace a while back and gets me books and stuff and I mean I’ve never seen his face but I still like him even when he looks like ugly ol’ me and oh crap I’m totally in love with him.

“Rekkia? Are you okay?”

oh stell oh stell oh stell

what do I say what do I SAY
>>
No. 598895 ID: 89b2a2

>>598894
Well. Do you want to stay a Moq forever? Is there something where you can step down to another position or resign?

Tell him the truth but not a full truth. "I am realizing things because of the curse and feeling conflicted. I also want you."
>>
No. 598900 ID: 436cdc

Yeah, I agree with the previous guy, be vague about it.
You still gotta think over this. And yeah, if you are willing to change career paths to a new thing that allows fraternization I say go for that.
If not, though, we might want to start looking up loopholes in the scripture as I said.
>>
No. 598902 ID: 2fd516

>>598894
Welp then you've failed as a Moq. I'm afraid you will have to accept your flaws and move forward with them in mind. I find it interesting how much your situation parallels with his. He realized that by repressing his aggression he was failing Stell.

Still, you can't do anything about it, can you? Even if nothing can come of it, I think you should reveal the truth. Tell Iri about the plan for him to speak with the Stellars in your stead. While he's gone you can spill the beans to Laakuni. I don't think there's any point in being vague about it considering what you've said in his presence and what we've told him. Well, unless you're within earshot of Iri.
>>
No. 598911 ID: 89b2a2

I think saying "you are a failure" is unnecessarily harsh. After all, she's no doubt dutifully and carefully recorded things and done her duty correctly in the past.

But being factual-and truthful-has to go more than skin deep. The whole thing about keeping Moq from forming relationships (As Stated) is to keep emotions from blinding your ability to work. Not vice-versa.
>>
No. 598914 ID: 30357e
File 141372702623.png - (49.61KB , 500x500 , Cursed51.png )
598914

>Tell Iri about the plan for him to speak with the Stellars in your stead.

“Iri, so far, you seem to be immune. Can you speak to the Stellars for me?”

He nods, slowly. “Am unsure if they will receive a Dex on such short notice. But am will go.” He does a mock little bow, deactivates the Sigil Tracer, then curtly goes by, skittering his way down the tunnel. It’s creepy how quickly he can do that.
>>
No. 598915 ID: 30357e
File 141372705130.png - (42.51KB , 500x500 , Cursed52.png )
598915

>Welp then you've failed as a Moq.
>Well. Do you want to stay a Moq forever? Is there something where you can step down to another position or resign?
>You still gotta think over this. And yeah, if you are willing to change career paths to a new thing that allows fraternization I say go for that.

You don’t understand! Being a Moq isn’t just what I am, it’s who I am! It’s all I’ve ever done! It’s all… I’ve got.

How can I give up my whole life for.. for this? Where will I go? What will I do?

>I find it interesting how much your situation parallels with his. He realized that by repressing his aggression he was failing Stell.

Yeah, lucky him, but if I don’t repress my… feelings, then I’m failing Stell!

>we might want to start looking up loopholes in the scripture

I’m pretty sure there aren’t any. Trust me. The Moq wrote it.

>While he's gone you can spill the beans to Laakuni. I don't think there's any point in being vague about it considering what you've said in his presence and what we've told him.
>Tell him the truth but not a full truth. "I am realizing things because of the curse and feeling conflicted. I also want you.”

“Hey, Laaki… I’m realizing-“

“I’m gonna stop you there.”

“Huh?”
>>
No. 598916 ID: 30357e
File 141372708345.png - (29.06KB , 500x500 , Cursed53.png )
598916

“It’s the curse messing with your head, right?”

I nod.

“Eh, it’s no good to get tangled up over it. Just roll with it.”

“But-“

“Look, I know I should be the last person to feel that way, right?” He gestures to himself, then shrugs. “I admit, the whole faint-and-wake-up-as-a-lady thing freaked me for for a bit, but honestly? Only the second or third weirdest thing that’s ever happened to me.”

“Seriously? No. Seriously?”

“Hey, I explore a deserted wasteland and salvage magic junk for a hobby. Also, trust me, being friends with Iricae leads to some… odd experiences. I’ve got quite a few stories. The point is, don’t freak out. I mean, that’s probably what this curse wants, right? Don’t give it the satisfaction. Just roll with it. Do what you think will make you happy.”

“..You sure? It could be… kind of crazy…”

“Hey, if you need to say or do something crazy to feel better, go ahead. I won’t judge. Stell, you should hear some of the stuff the curse apparently made me think up…”
>>
No. 598917 ID: 30357e
File 141372715016.gif - (95.97KB , 500x500 , Cursed54.gif )
598917

“So, now that I’ve said that, what’s on your mind?”

“You know… I’m pretty glad.”

“About what?”

“I’m glad it was you that I fell in love with.”

You know what? Fuck it. I resign.

:InnerSigilGreen:

…whoa, what just…

I feel all tingly.
>>
No. 598918 ID: 71b9f1

if I had a body I'd be facepalming.
But, I do believe I have an answer to what you just did.
You defined yourself as a Moq, as a master of language. But who you ARE is something far different.
If I'm right, your body just collapsed, as your thing, is getting out of your own body. Possibly with new tricks when you do that, buuut I think we'll want to wait for feedback...Lemme do something because you don't see colour for some reason.
@-Vil hey, so do you see the weird sphere-on stilts where Rekkia was standing or no?
>>
No. 598931 ID: 2fd516

>>598917
Looks like an out of body experience. Check to see if you can still touch things.
>>
No. 598934 ID: 30357e
File 141374646564.png - (697.07KB , 900x900 , Cursed55.png )
598934

>you don't see colour for some reason.

Yeah, I’m mostly colorblind.

>Looks like an out of body experience.
>If I'm right, your body just collapsed, as your thing, is getting out of your own body.

What? but… I can still feel the air, and the floor beneath me. Even if it sort of… murky. It’s like standing on dough.

>Check to see if you can still touch things.

…I’m not sure what I can actually touch. The world’s so… hazy. I’m not sure what anything is right now.

Yet I feel more awake than I’ve ever been.
>>
No. 598935 ID: 2fd516

>>598934
Go poke Laakuni! Then poke your own body.
>>
No. 598949 ID: 330ce5

Well this is something maybe you should hop or jump, I really want to see if you hover or float.
>>
No. 599085 ID: 30357e
File 141391610964.gif - (180.48KB , 500x500 , Cursed56.gif )
599085

>Well this is something maybe you should hop or jump, I really want to see if you hover or float.

I try, but the floor is so… gummy. It’s hard to push off with enough force.

>Go poke Laakuni

I reach out towards the garbled mass that I think is Laaki…



“-ake up, Rekkia, come on!”

She’s not responding - I don’t think she’s breathing! What do I d-



Huh.
>>
No. 599086 ID: 436cdc

Try saying something while you are shacked up in his skull there, maybe you've temporarily become one of the voices or something?
>>
No. 599088 ID: c06a9a

...Not breathing...Hrrm.
Well, anyhow, it seems like you can hear, and possibly speak into other people's minds. Should talk to Laaki so he calms down and doesn't shake something loose in you.
Apparently your thing puts your body in what I HOPE is suspended animation. If it doesn't...
>>
No. 599092 ID: 2fd516

See if you can touch your body and re-enter it.
>>
No. 599612 ID: 1c677c

The experience is lucid, you're not underpowered or shackled to your body, maybe that's the problem
>>
No. 604776 ID: 30357e
File 141678893678.gif - (125.58KB , 500x500 , Cursed57.gif )
604776

>Well, anyhow, it seems like you can hear, and possibly speak into other people's minds. Should talk to Laaki so he calms down and doesn't shake something loose in you.
>Try saying something while you are shacked up in his skull there, maybe you've temporarily become one of the voices or something?

I try, but I don’t seem to have a mouth right now.

> See if you can touch your body and re-enter it.

Logical. I sluggishly overlay myself back into my body. It’s hard to even move correctly in this state.

whoa. What a headrush. I feel... off.
>>
No. 604777 ID: 07a835

Is there something on your face?

Tell Laaki you're okay and about what your power did.
>>
No. 614271 ID: 30357e
File 141932543447.png - (152.47KB , 500x500 , Cursed58.png )
614271

>Is there something on your face?

No... But there's something weird going on around me.

>Tell Laaki you're okay and about what your power did.

He - she's - Laaki's helping me up already, talking rapidly through tears.

"Rekkia, Rekkia! Oh Stell, I thought you were dead! What happened? Are you okay?"

"I think my stage 2 kicked in... I'm, like, a ghost or something. The world was all smooshy. But what's happening here?"

"Huh?" Laakuni doesn't seem to notice the weirdness around us.
>>
No. 614275 ID: a19cd5

Explain the weirdness
>>
No. 614276 ID: a19cd5

>>614275
Also hug him you fool
>>
No. 614291 ID: 30357e
File 141932795681.png - (175.93KB , 500x500 , Cursed59.png )
614291

>Explain the weirdness

"There's some weird, uh, stuff floating around. Like paint, but... Floating in the air like mist. Can't you see it?"

"I don't see anything. Are you sure you're really okay?"

>Also hug him you fool

"Whatever." I hug him. I... I think it's my first hug ever. And it's the greatest.

"Uh... Ooh. Um, look, you know this is a glad-you're-not-dead hug, right, and not a mutual-love-confirmation hug? 'cause you kinda just laid that I-love-you on me and passed out-"

"Shut up and let me have this."

"...'kay."
>>
No. 614293 ID: a19cd5

>>614291
snrk.
Anyhow, explain that it might be related to whatever your power is.
Try to find where it's coming from, the weird stuff, if there is a source. Otherwise it might just be visual noise from possessing your own body
>>
No. 614302 ID: 30357e
File 141933052226.png - (114.33KB , 500x500 , Cursed60.png )
614302

...those two better not be mating in my lab.

No, what am I saying? They haven't publicly exchanged blood or mucus of any sort. They clearly have no interest in each other. I'm overthinking it.
>>
No. 614310 ID: a19cd5

>>614302
sup triangle man. Also nah, she's totally into him, they just aren't doing the weird squishy messy stuff yet. Give it time, though
>>
No. 614323 ID: 30357e
File 141933681318.png - (124.83KB , 500x500 , Cursed61.png )
614323

:CursedChange:

>sup triangle man. Also nah, she's totally into him, they just aren't doing the weird squishy messy stuff yet. Give it time, though

Hah, yeah. They probably have all sorts of creepy biped mating rituals I haven't figured out yet.

I miss Rekizsarat more and more each day. Sure, there was a lot of murder and it was hard to get a lot of work done, but at least mating simple. Just, y'know, feed your rival's carcass to a prospective mate and then hop in the sack. Clean, effective. Fun.

These bipeds, though...
>>
No. 614325 ID: 30357e
File 141933688583.png - (142.80KB , 500x500 , Cursed62.png )
614325

:CursedBlue:

...wait.

Damn! Oh, damn! I thought I didn't have to worry about this!
>>
No. 614335 ID: a19cd5

HA HA
Noooo, we pretty much seem to hop between whoever's in the room at any given time.

So, we're the curse, a bunch of semi-coherent voices that will guide whoever or whatever we're attached to to greatness. Or something, I dunno we have memory issues we're sorta piecing this all together.

We also have a weird side effect of giving people supernatural abilities based on the first bit of personal growth that happens.

So uh, if you want superpowers have an epiphany about your life I guess.
>>
No. 614354 ID: 742b4a

>>614325
Sorry bro you're cursed as fuck. However I suspect we are limited to three hosts. Red, green, blue.
>>
No. 614440 ID: 330ce5

So hey, you want to kill something any reason for that? I know where you are now isn't the best place to be public about that. For now maybe you should just tell us a little about yourself.
>>
No. 614563 ID: ec2e47

Well, on the positive side you can now study the curse first-hand. On the negative side we don't have an unaffected observer anymore and also you are cursed.

>>614354
Possible, but since on the other hand we have effected every person we have been around more than briefly we should still be careful.
>>
No. 632582 ID: 561f64
File 142797390973.png - (67.39KB , 600x600 , Cursed63.png )
632582

>Sorry bro you're cursed as fuck.
>Well, on the positive side you can now study the curse first-hand. On the negative side we don't have an unaffected observer anymore and also you are cursed.

Hmm… Perhaps I didn’t initialize it?

There we are. This should prevent further spreading of the contagion, although it is, of course. too late for myself.

>For now maybe you should just tell us a little about yourself.

You do not already know? I assumed you knew everything that your host did.

>We're the curse, a bunch of semi-coherent voices that will guide whoever or whatever we're attached to to greatness. Or something, I dunno we have memory issues we're sorta piecing this all together.

Ah. I see.

I am not usually one to share secrets… But I do have a certain morbid pride about my past that I have not indulged in a very long time. Fine. I shall tell you of the Icae that once was, and the Icae that now is.

>We also have a weird side effect of giving people supernatural abilities based on the first bit of personal growth that happens.
>So uh, if you want superpowers have an epiphany about your life I guess.

I’m afraid that, in terms of personal epiphanies, you are a great many years too late.
>>
No. 632585 ID: 561f64
File 142797402639.png - (213.25KB , 600x600 , Cursed64.png )
632585

I am Icae, formerly of the military rank ‘Iir’ in the Atyrian tribes.

Decades ago, my devices wrought ruin upon the face of Rekiszerat, the Spiral of Life. Rekiszerat, compared to many other worlds I have seen, contains little in the way of fuel or metals. In addition, almost every creature in the Spiral could boast near-complete regenerative powers far beyond those of alien spirals. For the most part, these two facts were irrelevant to others. But not to me.

Decades ago, I took from my prisoners like I was harvesting the fields, and not only consumed but utilized the carcasses of my enemies; in my war machines, I used my enemies’ blood as tar, their bones as grit, and their flesh as fabric. Often, I would leave them alive, so they might regrow the limbs, organs, bones, and muscle I used for my work.

Decades ago, I was feared and hated by all who knew my name. Even my brothers, propelled to leadership by my weaponry, turned against me in disgust, banishing me from my home and eventually even my world. They feared me, and they were right to fear me.

Decades ago, I made a promise to give up those ways. To build where I had destroyed, to make whole where I had divided. To learn, and to help others learn. To never hurt another soul again. This I have done.

But all of that was decades ago. Now I am called ‘Iricae’, with the civilian rank of ‘Dex’, and I am a quiet tinkerer for a peaceful Star-cult. No one would suspect any different. At times, even I forget the past.

I treasure those moments of ignorance.
>>
No. 632614 ID: 945fb0

>>632585
...Well, blue thoughts are mildly disturbing. Most of them do relate to your past, also the words pride and murder. And your species mating rituals...
>>
No. 632622 ID: f75cf9

3 for 3 on cursed words being something repressed. Probably not exactly self-improvement.

Anyway, you got the basic mechanics of the curse, right? Stage 1, brings out something repressed. In your case, it seems to be your past... and specifically that you liked doing that stuff?

Anyway, it probably isn't the best idea for all three of you to just rush through the curse. On the other hand, stage 1 supposedly gets more potent the more you resist it, and given what yours is I really don't want to see it too potent. So uh.
>>
No. 632628 ID: 296917

>>632585
I think you are proud of what you've done.
>>
No. 632703 ID: 6410b7

>>632585
>I took from my prisoners like I was harvesting the fields, and not only consumed but utilized the carcasses of my enemies; in my war machines, I used my enemies’ blood as tar, their bones as grit, and their flesh as fabric. Often, I would leave them alive, so they might regrow the limbs, organs, bones, and muscle I used for my work.
My I'm impressed it's rare that I see someone who is so willing to dive into the grotesque. Do you think of your work as art?
>>
No. 632778 ID: 561f64
File 142808952373.png - (38.52KB , 600x600 , Cursed65.png )
632778

>it's rare that I see someone who is so willing to dive into the grotesque. Do you think of your work as art?

Maybe, at one point. But I’m a different guy, now.

>I think you are proud of what you've done.

I did say that I had a dark, subtle pride about my past. What does it matter? I’ll never return to the arts of destruction. I have no want, and no need. Peace has been good to me.

>Anyway, you got the basic mechanics of the curse, right? Stage 1, brings out something repressed. In your case, it seems to be your past... and specifically that you liked doing that stuff?
>stage 1 supposedly gets more potent the more you resist it, and given what yours is I really don't want to see it too potent. So uh.

Hmm. I see your point. Maybe I can indulge my twisted ways one more time, but in a controlled environment? One where I’d do no harm?

…It could be almost cathartic.

Still, I should speak to the Stellars as quickly as possible, before this disease progresses further.

Then again… it might already be too late. How frustrating.

Any advice, brain-whispers? Laakuni said you were supposed to be helpful.
>>
No. 632794 ID: 296917

>>632778
It might be wise to speak to the Stellars before you progress to stage 2. I believe if you indulge yourself, that will trigger it.
>>
No. 632830 ID: 840db8

Find/initiate an indirect/remote method of communication to contain this condition's spread? Seriously, quarantine seems like a worthwhile plan here: We have no idea what the nature of this effect is beyond some short-term observation of how it affects three people. None of those three people are stellars, we and have no idea what its limits of transmission or ultimate potential for harm is in the case of anyone at all.
>>
No. 632949 ID: 561f64
File 142820540392.png - (95.63KB , 1000x1000 , Cursed66.png )
632949

>Find/initiate an indirect/remote method of communication to contain this condition's spread? Seriously, quarantine seems like a worthwhile plan here: We have no idea what the nature of this effect is beyond some short-term observation of how it affects three people. None of those three people are stellars, we and have no idea what its limits of transmission or ultimate potential for harm is in the case of anyone at all.

I agree, the risks are great. However, I don’t think transmission of the disease is a problem. One of the things Laakuni found was a high-frequency thaumaturgic dampener - a charm which prevents further infection from whoever holds it. I activated it only moments ago. While Laakuni was sleeping, I refined it into a vessel of fabricated diamond, so we don’t have to fear that it will break. That being said, the influence the affliction has on us is still a threat.


>It might be wise to speak to the Stellars before you progress to stage 2. I believe if you indulge yourself, that will trigger it.

Truth. We need the aid of the Stellars. We won’t get anywhere on our own. Even my vast intellect has its limits, and we don't know what kind of a clock we're on here.
>>
No. 632950 ID: 561f64
File 142820543289.png - (286.67KB , 1000x1000 , Cursed67.png )
632950



Well, crap. They’re ‘Speaking with the Ash’. It’s their holiest ritual. They say it allows them to speak directly to their ‘god’, Stell. I confess I am not… that firm of a believer, though I do support the organization itself.

Ah, well. This is important. It can’t wait, either.

…I wave awkwardly. It doesn’t seem to get their attention.

Damn. What do I do here? I hate social convention.
>>
No. 632951 ID: 296917

>>632950
Speak up, say something like "Pardon the interruption but I have an urgent topic to discuss."
>>
No. 632953 ID: 9297f4

Let them finish. More than likely if you interrupt, they will get after you.
>>
No. 632955 ID: 6410b7

>>632950
What if we were to use your skills to fix and improve the bodies of others like prosethics and augments?
Also you show avoid interupting them since it would draw they ire.
>>
No. 632956 ID: 241e41

>>632950
How long does the ritual usually take?
>>
No. 632971 ID: 561f64
File 142821262458.png - (786.72KB , 1000x1000 , Cursed68.png )
632971

>How long does the ritual usually take?

I don’t know. It could be weeks, or seconds.

>Speak up, say something like "Pardon the interruption but I have an urgent topic to discuss."

“Pardon the interruption, but I have an urgent…” I trail off.

”Why hello! My, my, an interruption, how radical! The last one was, oh… A few decades ago, I think? I hope you’re an interesting one, then. The last interruption was Stel Arani, and he was just late. You do look interesting, though… Not one of mine, or not originally, at least? So, what’s your deal? Or are you just here to bask in my magnificence?”

…I think I just became spiritual.
>>
No. 632974 ID: 296917

>>632971
I think you're warranted a "You're... REAL." before you bring up the curse.
>>
No. 632983 ID: f75cf9

!

I don't really know if I should be doing this but...
Tell Stell that there's a star waiting to talk to him. And that Itria is with her. And that he should probably get to them quick before the Reckoning comes.

Unless we're displaced in time (it's happened before) in which case we're sorry.

Then go ahead and talk about the curse.
>>
No. 632986 ID: 82c018

First, one of the Vil found something with a rather bad curse on it. Second, its spread has now been contained, but not before three people including yourself were cursed. Third, from what you know about it so far the curse starts out minor but escalates at an increasing rate over time. Then describe the specifics of what you know about the curse and how you found that out.

>>632974
Stating out loud that you doubted a deity's or deity-like being's existence is rather rude.

(As a side note he is rather magnificent.)
>>
No. 632993 ID: f461c5

It may be worth noting that I can think of no greater accomplishment to be prideful of than to find a gainful, constructive way to make use of your skills and intellect.

It certainly seems you can perform feats of rather unusual technical skill, as there is nowhere I know of where the fabrication of diamond can be performed so casually. Is this a regular occurrence in this spiral?
>>
No. 634138 ID: 561f64
File 142893614071.png - (1.21MB , 1000x1000 , Cursed69.png )
634138

>I think you're warranted a "You're... REAL." before you bring up the curse.

I… I would, but…

>Stating out loud that you doubted a deity's or deity-like being's existence is rather rude.

Yeah, that.

>It may be worth noting that I can think of no greater accomplishment to be prideful of than to find a gainful, constructive way to make use of your skills and intellect.

Er… Thank you.

>It certainly seems you can perform feats of rather unusual technical skill, as there is nowhere I know of where the fabrication of diamond can be performed so casually. Is this a regular occurrence in this spiral?

What? Fabricating diamond is a simple compaction procedure, condensing and reformatting carbon.

Maybe you come from a world without carbon? How interesting.

>First, one of the Vil found something with a rather bad curse on it. Second, its spread has now been contained, but not before three people including yourself were cursed. Third, from what you know about it so far the curse starts out minor but escalates at an increasing rate over time. Then describe the specifics of what you know about the curse and how you found that out.

”A curse, eh? I see no blight on you, to look at you. But sorcery has always been a bit difficult to for me to see. I have always preferred the simpler laws, rather than the arcane physics… Still, it’s those same mystic arts that let us communicate at all. First off, I promise: I will do all that I can to cure you.”

>Tell Stell that there's a star waiting to talk to him. And that Itria is with her. And that he should probably get to them quick before the Reckoning comes.

”Oh, I just knew you were going to be interesting. He chuckles, and with every expulsion of air, I feel the temperature around us rise. ”What do you know of my sister? More than that… How do you know about Itria?”
>>
No. 634152 ID: 57d76a

>>634138
>world without carbon
Hahaha no. We're just at a tech level where refining other carbons to diamond... it's a technology that's around, but the average person doesn't have any device capable of doing it. Generally reserved for industry.

>I will do all that I can to cure you.
Well thanks! :) Although we reserve the right to decide the good outweighs the bad and keep the "curse". (And in this case by "we" I mean the three of you that have the curse, not us headvoices.)

>what and how do you know of Itria
Not much! Didn't even know she was your sister before you said it. Just know that she's a sort-of-hollow that used to be a star, and that she's close to you.
Us cursevoices, or whatever you want to call us, we see multiple worlds and perspectives (usually without a curse attached.) Anyway we were guiding a star that met up with Itria on her way to see you. She wants to learn to take mortal form so that shou!d be interesting!
>>
No. 634153 ID: f7c356

First up we know about carbon and the ability to make diamonds and secondly for the giant mass of flame, WUT.
>>
No. 634160 ID: 296917

Aha, so it's confirmed we DO have that information...
>>634138
Tell him the same voices that speak to you due to the curse are also guiding the wandering star.

...now I'm wondering if Astral will be "cursed" once she manifests here as she wishes.
>>
No. 634229 ID: 330ce5

One could say this guy is getting hot and bothered. You should mention that the curse travels from and to many hosts, including someone that is privy to that knowledge.
>>
No. 649200 ID: 26e769
File 143461380854.png - (1.16MB , 1000x1000 , Cursed70.png )
649200

>Not much! Didn't even know she was your sister before you said it. Just know that she's a sort-of-hollow that used to be a star, and that she's close to you.
>You should mention that the curse travels from and to many hosts, including someone that is privy to that knowledge.

“They say they can travel to many hosts, including those privy to that information.”

”Oh, of course! A curse of the mind, which travels from host to host… It would have to have a telepathic component in order for it to even function. On some level, I can sense Itria and the visitor, and your curse can sense what I sense. Very, very neat. Dangerous, too.”

”Aha, so it's confirmed we DO have that information…”

”Ooh, speaking royally, now! Or are you not aware that you just referred to yourself as ‘we’? It must be using you as a proxy. It’s parasitic! An intangible, invisible, contagious parasite hex that thinks. Well! I would love to find out where it came from. It certainly has some creativity behind it. If not some strange form of art, then I have no doubt it was designed to serve a very specific purpose. It’s too comfortable, too calm to be a weapon of war… If I were to guess, I would say that it’s a test of character, a cultural rite of passage that got out of hand. Alternatively, it could be a manner of beneficial advisory, but that’s just speculation. I can’t advise trusting it too closely yet.” His flames start to die out, turning to smoke. ”If you’re right, if the Reckoning is on its way, then I can’t waste any time here. I apologize. Before I go… I like you. You’ve told me something I didn’t already know. Do you know how long it has been since anyone has done that? It’s thrilling! Ask the Stellars for whatever you wish, within reason. I have no doubt that they will oblige. With that… toodles!”
>>
No. 649201 ID: 26e769
File 143461390491.png - (131.05KB , 1000x1000 , cursed71.png )
649201

Stell is gone, leaving only ash behind him.

Well. I feel very small and very confused after that conversation.

After a large amount of murmuring and conversation, a small Stellar walks over to me. He looks young - but I can never tell with their kind. Maybe he’s the oldest one here.

“Um… You kind of broke our most ancient laws and stuff, interrupted the ceremony, and talked with Stell…” The Stellar looks nervous. “But Stell seemed cool with it? So, um. I don’t know. Did you want something?”
>>
No. 649202 ID: a19cd5

Sex, food, and fine wine.
>>
No. 649211 ID: e114bc

Uhhh, I think we were going to ask for supplies to enter the Warp Sigil that the previous host was from?

It might be interesting to see if they have a way for you to indulge yourself so you can progress to stage 2 before you warp, but I suspect we'll have to do that on the other side. I mean it's not like there's anyone around here you'd want to chop up.
>>
No. 703784 ID: 3bc92d
File 145597960146.png - (127.82KB , 800x600 , Cursed72.png )
703784

>I think we were going to ask for supplies to enter the Warp Sigil that the previous host was from?

Correct. Thank you for that reminder, curse-figments.

“I and several others have been infected with a contagious curse. We are planning an expedition to discover the source of this affliction, but we require supplies in order to do so. Food, water, survival equipment, and creatures to carry us.”

“Ah, okay. Sure, we can get you that stuff. Anything else?”

I also demand intense sexual intercourse, in addition to alcoholic beverages.

“…What?!

“Apologies. A symptom of this curse involves bizarre compulsions. I did not intend that outburst.”

“Oh. Well… that explains it. Hah.”

>It might be interesting to see if they have a way for you to indulge yourself so you can progress to stage 2 before you warp

I’d prefer to keep myself from progressing too far, if it’s all the same to you. Moq Rekkia still isn’t sure what the later phases entail, and I would feel enraged at myself if I recklessly rushed into something horrible.

I’ll try to keep my compulsions at a minimum, for now. Do be quiet, would you?
>>
No. 703785 ID: 3bc92d
File 145597965186.png - (587.12KB , 800x600 , Cursed73.png )
703785

“...so, you’re sure that I can turn back? I don’t want to be stuck looking like you forever.”

“I’m pretty convinced. I mean, I was able to get back into myself fairly easily, so if it works the same for you, then you just need to figure out how to shift back to normal.”

“Yeah, but how do I do that? It’s not like there’s a ‘turn-back-into-myself’ switch in my arm, or anything like that. I don’t even remember how I turned into you in the first place.”

“Just try things. Tense your body, do a dance, chant psalms, just do whatever crosses your mind. I admit, I don’t know how it works. I just know that it’s most likely not permanent.”
>>
No. 703786 ID: 3bc92d
File 145597981658.png - (565.13KB , 800x600 , Cursed74.png )
703786

I try a dozen different methods, but none of them effect any changes. “Well, nothing seems to be happening. Can you pass me my cloak?”

“Why would you want to hide that beautiful face?”

“Rekkia. Please.”

“Fine, fine… Here you go, Laaki.”

"Thanks." I put on my cloak with quick, practiced motions, covering my body almost completely. “Whew. It’s nice to have something back to normal, at least.”

“It could be a time thing, you know. After a certain amount of time passes, you might return to normal.”

“Here’s hoping that’s it. No offense, Rekkia, but I think I prefer my own face. Being like this is just too strange.”

“No offense taken. This curse stuff is nuts.”
>>
No. 703788 ID: 3bc92d
File 145597990539.png - (469.33KB , 800x600 , Cursed75.png )
703788

I sit down across from Rekkia, on the other side of the room. The distance between us is for my own comfort, really. It was only a few minutes ago that she had some sort of emotional episode followed by her progression to Stage 2, during which she proclaimed her love for me and held me in a strong embrace.

So, yeah. Kind of not sure how to feel about that.

After what feels like an eternity, I hear the telltale scraping sounds, and turn to see Iricae shuffling up the entrance tunnel. “Am here. How you?”

“I’m the same as I was before you left. Rekkia advanced to Stage 2, though, and got the power to jump out of her body. How did it go with the Stellars, Iri?”

“Went better. Stell.”

“Sorry? I don’t understand.”

“Spoke Stell. Was interesting. Supplies on way. Wait now. Quarantine.”

“You spoke to Stell?!

“Yes. Am cursed now, also. Self, not Stell. Stell not cursed. Curse contagion hindered.” Iricae produces a small diamond orb from inside his robe. “Telepathy reverb seal. Hinders transmission. Will not cure, however. Best not to rely on. Finicky.”

“Good to know, I suppose. Gosh, you actually talked to Stell… I can only hope to someday do as much. What did he say to you?”

“Stell admired. Divine affirmation. Felt good.”

Wow! I am so jealous of you, I… I can’t even vocalize how jealous I am. Dang.”

“So what do we do now?” Rekkia interrupts. “Just wait around while they prepare our supplies?”

“Yes.” Iricae nods.

“Seriously? That sucks. How do we spend the time? I’m confident that I’m not going to get much more out of this busted-up journal, and I’m not sure what else to work on. Laakuni, you got any ideas?”

“My usual method of killing time is wandering around in the wasteland, searching for neat junk. We could do that.”

“I’ll pass. Walking isn’t my strong suit.” Rekkia briefly glances down at her leg brace. “Iricae, how about you? Do you have any games we could play, from your world?”

“Hard to say. Not many. Games pointless.”

“Stell’s bells, but you two are boring! So, what, are we just going to sit around doing nothing for a few hours?”

“We could ask the voices if they have any ideas. Hey, voices, what do you think we should do?”

“Laakuni, don’t rile them up.”

“I’m not riling them up. They’re stuck with us just as much as we’re stuck with them, right? We might as well ask them for their opinions.”
>>
No. 703847 ID: 5ad4a7

>>703788
Well there's Truth or Dare...
>>
No. 703888 ID: 594c18

>>703788
Hmm. You got any supplies to work with? Cause if you have like, a deck of cards or a pair of five that opens up a lot of options. Otherwise, it's pretty much parlor games.

If you like singing, you could play this game me and my sister made up called Musical Mayhem. It goes like this:
-Choose a player to receive words
-Another player gives them a word
-The player who was given the word tries to think of a song with that word in the lyrics (anywhere in the lyrics), or eventually gives up. (We don't play with a time limit but you might want to if people get too stubborn.)
-If they think of a song, then the next player gives them a word and the cycle restarts.
-If they're stumped, the other players sing any songs they thought of with the word in, in a attempt to prove that the stumped player does in fact know a song with that word.
-If they successfully prove this, the player who gave the stumping word becomes the player to receive words, and someone else gives them a word.
-If no player can find a song containing the word that the stumped player knows, the round does not count and the player that gave the word gives another word.

We like this game because it usually ends up with three people singing different songs at once.
>>
No. 703895 ID: df76a1

wild sex festival. alternatively, swap some stories.
>>
No. 703896 ID: b3ce12

Have you tried pondering about your existence and your place in the universe other than being some insegnificant mass of flesh (or plant or anything) in random planet #12394058472748592
>>
No. 703897 ID: b2e8b1

Explore mind --> feel stupid --> explore more mind --> feel even more stupid --> Feel super stupid. <-- think about how stupid is about what you do, not what you are capable of.
>>
No. 704028 ID: 3bc92d
File 145603212759.png - (567.15KB , 800x600 , Cursed76.png )
704028

>Have you tried pondering about your existence and your place in the universe other than being some insegnificant mass of flesh (or plant or anything) in random planet #12394058472748592

I mean… sort of? I’ve always believed that all existences are equal. I don’t feel superior or inferior to any other being. Although maybe I’m a little better than most.

>If you like singing, you could play this game me and my sister made up called Musical Mayhem.

Wow, you have siblings? I didn’t know voices could have those. “Hey, guys, how do you feel about a musical game?”

“No thanks.” Rekkia winces. “Music… I am not good at music.”

“That’s fine. Any other suggestions, voices?”

>Well there's Truth or Dare...

“Oh, good idea!”

“What’d they say?”

“Truth or dare. You in?”

“Sure!”

“How about you, Iricae?”

“Am curious. Will try.”

“Alright. I’ll start. Rekkia, truth or dare?”

“Um… dare.”

Dare you to lick the wall.

“Oh, gross!”

Hey, you knew what you signed up for.

“Fine.” Rekkia leans over and hesitantly touches the cave wall with the tip of her tongue. “Ew. Okay, my turn. Iricae, truth or dare?”

“Truth.”

“How old are you?”

“Different ages. Different worlds. Different time progression. Two-hundred eighty-five, new spiral. Three-thousand four-hundred twenty-six, old spiral.”

“You’re thousands of years old?!”

“Rekizserat. Spiral of Life. Fast years.” Iricae clicks and hums. “Turn start. Laakuni, truth or dare?”

“Truth.”

“Describe appearance. Species.”

“Well, uh… that’s a bit personal. Right now I look like Rekkia, so I’m a short female Clay, I guess.”

“Evasive? Clever avoidance method. Your turn.”

“Voices. Truth or dare? Oh, uh… never mind. I guess it would have to be truth, wouldn’t it? Well, truth, then. How do you experience yourselves? Do you feel like you have bodies, histories, or did you just suddenly appear out of nothingness one day?”
>>
No. 704036 ID: 02422f

>Do you feel like you have bodies, histories, or did you just suddenly appear out of nothingness one day?
The first. Our voices are the only thing that reaches you, but when we're not with you, we have our own lives. Or at least, we think we do. Who can really know?
>>
No. 704038 ID: 5ad4a7

Oh this is a tricky one. There are multiple truths to this, all equally valid.

One truth is that I am a bodiless entity with no history, that experiences life vicariously and only has general knowledge about common cultural and social patterns.

Another truth is that I am an interdimensional being with an extant but hidden body, that meddles with the lives of those in other worlds, reaching out through whatever channels are available. I remember so many worlds that the information from other worlds is mostly inapplicable, aside from aforementioned common patterns.

Another truth is that I am a human participating in your adventures via means you should not even contemplate. In this case my history is that of a part time college student and full time slacker. I wonder if you even know what a human is.
>>
No. 704078 ID: f56624

>>704028
We're mostly greasy nerds sitting at these things called computers, they're like lil machines dedicated to processing and calculations and they're pretty neat.
If you mean as it pertains to you, we see everything as stills or snippets of movement and time freezes temporarily when it's our turn to respond.
>>
No. 704103 ID: b3ce12

Something
>>
No. 704116 ID: 594c18

>>704028
We're beings with our own lives, families, histories... Which do not relate to you at all. We have a certain... well, it's sort of like a place... which we go to to read about and advise people on different planets, for entertainment. Which is, of course, how we know you.

It's probably worth noting that one of the ways it's not like a place is that we have no physical or visual contact. We can only identify each other by a six-digit (hexadecimal) ID number, or by a pseudonym that some of us choose to associate with ourselves. And most of us have no contact with the others outside of this "place", so we have no knowledge of who our fellow voices are, really.
>>
No. 712973 ID: cab7d6

Hey, don't assume we can't do dares! In fact, I'm licking the wall right now. Yeah. That's right. You can't see me doing it, so I have to declare that, but oh. Alright I see your point. I still won though. 'Cause I licked the wall.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason