[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
In memory of Flyin' Black Jackson
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 131302786855.png - (79.98KB , 640x480 , 1.png )
338847 No. 338847 ID: 37c25a

Expand all images
>>
No. 338848 ID: 37c25a
File 131302788866.png - (106.97KB , 640x480 , 2.png )
338848

>>
No. 338849 ID: 37c25a
File 131302790138.png - (47.21KB , 640x480 , 3.png )
338849

>>
No. 338850 ID: 37c25a
File 131302792894.png - (68.34KB , 640x480 , 4.png )
338850

Oh gosh the port city is so BIG!

This is so exciting!!
>>
No. 338854 ID: 6e44d2

What're you doin' here? Is it exciting? I bet it's exciting.
>>
No. 338855 ID: 9c84d6

If I know anything about port towns, it seems high time for you to pick up some pretty magical trinket that will most likely help you in your quest.
>>
No. 338864 ID: 37c25a
File 131303255289.png - (31.18KB , 640x480 , 5.png )
338864

>Buy a cool trinket

Do I have enough money? I need food and water, but I guess I could sell something if I don't have enough for more...

>status

>current posessions:
*Spiritual Guidance: Residue from a nest of unpassed souls. Works as guidance, map, stat menu, encyclopedia.
*Soft Sword: A poorly made blade. Brittle.
*A Gold Coin: Worth 50 pieces.

>current wear:
*Fur Coat: Precious item. Cannot be looked through.
*Cotton Tunic
*Cotton Sash
*Leggings
*Traveller's boots

>Current Abilities:
*Purity: Be cripplingly endearing. (Type: Personal trait)
*Dodge: Fling self out of way of danger. (Type: Combat move)
*Flail: Bound to hit something sooner or later. (Type: Combat move)

>Current attitude
Kindness: Take care of others, no matter what.
Trust: If they aren't spitting slurs or being disturbingly friendly, they're legit.

>Party:
*Noce Richard

>Goals:
oAcquire blessing from spring
oPass mountains
xGet supplies
xDo something heroic
xReach mainland

>(Idle chatting won't affect the story, but it'll affect how Noce thinks! And affecting how he thinks will affect how he behaves when you can't suggest much.)
>>
No. 338868 ID: 6e44d2

Well fantastic! Let's find a market and get some supplies! I assume that a circle next to your objectives means that that objective is already completed? Also, you may want to consider training yourself to use the sword better. Flailing doesn't sound particularly effective.
>>
No. 338879 ID: 37c25a
File 131303591543.png - (24.49KB , 640x480 , 6.png )
338879

>train some more!

I know how to fight just fine!

I just...Don't know how to use it. In a fight.

Do I have to train?

>Combat stats

>Weapon:
*Soft sword
>Shield:
*
>Armor:
*(hands)
*(body)
*(head)

>Fighting style:
Breaker (sword)
Style proficiency:
competent

>Skills:
Dodge
Flail


>(Noce's attacks will be deflected by pretty much anyone who outranks him or has a style that's strong against his, except for skills! You can create new skills by telling him to do them. He won't always know how to preform a skill or know what you're talking about in general, so it would be a good idea to practice anything you have in mind.)
>>
No. 338880 ID: 37c25a
File 131303604301.png - (60.26KB , 640x480 , 7.png )
338880

...Well I guess I do have to learn how to fight eventually...

If we're going to go shopping, I have a few things I need to buy before we get any trinkets...

Anyway, what should I do first? Train or shopping?
>>
No. 338882 ID: a820bb

Now Noce, training is important to help you improve your skills so that you may be able to protect yourself and others in a fight. If you wish to be a hero, you will need to do more than hide. After all, a hero should try to learn how to defend others along with defeating the wicked.

But for now, get what you absolutely need first before you start. You can't train properly if you're hungry and ill equiped.
>>
No. 338884 ID: 9c84d6

Go to the local bar and hire/befriend a bodyguard. He should be able to help train you.
>>
No. 338886 ID: 1854db

>>338880
Get some food and stuff first. Can't work on an empty stomach.
>>
No. 338902 ID: 07416a

>>338879
Yeahhhh, you need a decent sword and a shield. A shield most definitely. Um. That gold coin. It's a problem. You need change desperately or someone is going to take you for everything you have.
>>
No. 338907 ID: a6008c

>>338880
Let's go check out a boat!
>>
No. 338908 ID: a820bb

I don't think he'd ready for a shield just yet, but some armor would likely help him. The coin on it's own would be easier to conceal than a bag of them, especially with that fur cloak.

Though I am curious, that sword, where did you get it?
>>
No. 338910 ID: b6ca92
File 131304452220.png - (376.81KB , 1000x900 , monomap.png )
338910

>>338864
>*Spiritual Guidance: Residue from a nest of unpassed souls. Works as guidance, map, stat menu, encyclopedia.
You mean this?
>>
No. 338917 ID: 314ffe

buy some dumbbells. practice whenever you have free time.
>>
No. 338955 ID: c2c011

>>338880
First of all you should check out if someone has a task they need done, like killing giant rats in their basement or something. You know something that isn't too complex but will give you some cash anyway.
>>
No. 338958 ID: 7aedd2

uh, how well can you really see if your hood is so far forward as to cover your cyclopian-eye? I mean, if you're making sure no one can see your eye you've got to make it so that you can't see into the eyes of anyone else, which means it's got to be pretty low in the case of children or short people... do you do a lot of walking into walls? Must make reading signs hard. Maybe you should buy a full mask somehow.
>>
No. 339749 ID: 3f1e8a

Go shopping for better equipment then go training.
>>
No. 340819 ID: 37c25a
File 131356047701.png - (65.54KB , 640x480 , 8.png )
340819

>Go shopping, then train.

Okay!

>Wouldn't using a gold coin be suspicious?
Carrying lots of money in big change is pretty normal, so it shouldn't be suspicious! It would just look I'm using my pay, or allowance...It would be weird if I had more than one gold coin though.

>Isn't it hard to see through that hood?
The fabric on my undershirt is thin. I can see just fine!

It looks like most of the stalls are open already! What hard workers!
>>
No. 340820 ID: 37c25a
File 131356049625.png - (93.90KB , 640x480 , 9.png )
340820

"Hea, traveller. You in need of beverages?"
"Hea. I don't have a flask."
"It's fine, I have stock. A flask is 6 coin, and a dip is just 1."
"Ooh."

It looks like I can afford to shop more than I thought!
>>
No. 340821 ID: 37c25a
File 131356052395.png - (92.31KB , 640x480 , 10.png )
340821

"Hea, small traveller! I see you have a taste for furs! Do you want to add to your collection?"
"Oh, no. I want non-perishable food...Do you take up the whole alley?"
"No laws against it, ay? I got a looot of expensive stock, it dun't run out easy. Jerky's none too expensive though."
"Oh. Can I get a whooole bunch of it then?"
"Dun't see why not."
>>
No. 340822 ID: 37c25a
File 131356057423.png - (105.77KB , 640x480 , 11.png )
340822

"Oh, I wanted to get dried fruit too, but do you have any gloves?"
"Ah, neh. I sell my hides t'the leathershop. If 's made o' leather, he's gottit."
"Ooh. Where is that?"
"Straight and left. You watcher when passin' un-stalled alleys, yenno? S'possed to be a serial killer about."
"I've walked worse."
"I'yd still go there before you're done your shopping."
>>
No. 340824 ID: a6008c

>>340822
let's get some gloves, and a flask, full of course, and then get some jerky! And then let's go look at boats! C'mon, boats!!!!
>>
No. 340830 ID: 7aedd2

Oh my god you're so adorable. Make sure you ask him what a serial killer is.
>>
No. 340831 ID: 45535d

>>340830
Or if anyone knows what he looks like.
>>
No. 340852 ID: c2c011

>>340822
Lets check out the leatherworkers place after you have picked up some jerky here. Maybe the leather dude has some cheap armour or something as well.
>>
No. 340924 ID: a820bb

Got to agree. Once you get some beef jerky, I suggest you go to the leather shop, get some gloves and possibly some leather armor. A bit of protection can go a long way.
>>
No. 341482 ID: 37c25a
File 131374663019.png - (76.09KB , 640x480 , 12.png )
341482

>make sure to ask what a serial killer is

A serial killer is a single person capable of conscious thought killing 3 or more people.

In a past period of time, this identity was placed upon cyclops, who partook in mass murder and other vile acts upon the countries they visited.

After being overpowered and eradicated, the Crusading Cyclops no longer held this position and such poison became common amongst humans.

There are no reports of mass-murder within the other conscious races, implying weakness and lack of purity in the calm-blooded races.
>>
No. 341483 ID: 37c25a
File 131374667378.png - (104.22KB , 640x480 , 13.png )
341483

"...Well I'll just go to the leatherworkers now that I'm done."
"Good luck!"
>>
No. 341485 ID: c2c011

>>341483
Watch out for killer crazy humans along the way.
>>
No. 341558 ID: a820bb

Do not take it hard Noce. Every sentient being has the ability to choose their own path. Sadly, your ancestors picked the wrong one just as this killer did. Only thing you can do is do enough good to counter their past wrong doings.

Still, I think you should take his advice and avoid the un-stalled alleys. You are not ready to face such a foe yet.
>>
No. 341575 ID: fb10df

Avoid dark alleyways and promises of candy as you head to the leatherworker.
>>
No. 342206 ID: ba67b9

>>341482
Uh, feelin' ok Noce?
>>
No. 349992 ID: 37c25a
File 131633534277.png - (44.82KB , 640x480 , 14.png )
349992

>Are you okay?
I'm fine.
>Be careful!
Okay!!
>>
No. 349993 ID: 37c25a
File 131633540490.png - (36.19KB , 640x480 , 15.png )
349993

...Huh. This area doesn't have any people in it.

The sun's already gotten higher. It should have people, I think.
>>
No. 349994 ID: 37c25a
File 131633543386.png - (67.45KB , 640x480 , 16.png )
349994

"Helloooooo--"
>>
No. 349996 ID: 37c25a
File 131633547607.png - (82.09KB , 640x480 , 17.png )
349996

"--GMPH"
"Quiet, idiot!"

His fingers taste like dirt!
>>
No. 349997 ID: 8dfbea

>>349996
Bad touch, bad touch! Bite his finger and blow your safety whistle!
>>
No. 350016 ID: 510737

break away get a safe distance away and ask who he/she is and what they want.
>>
No. 350021 ID: cfa804

Struggle futilely against the stronger arms of in-all-likelihood the serial killer.
>>
No. 350057 ID: f29f63

Calm down Noce. I think the bugger is cutting you off for another reason. Remain silent for a moment, see if he lets go. If he does, ask why he wants you to be quiet.

If he doesn't, we'll figure a way.
>>
No. 350087 ID: 35e1a0

stay silent, he is saying "quiet you fool" meaning being loud in this place is bad.
>>
No. 350138 ID: 1854db

>>349996
If his fingers taste like dirt... perhaps he is a farmer. Be quiet anyway, it sounds like he's warning you about something.

I would put a hand on your sword just in case.
>>
No. 350153 ID: 510737

>>350138
or...A grave digger.
>>
No. 362172 ID: 37c25a
File 131993973276.png - (89.02KB , 640x480 , quest 1.png )
362172

>On your guard, keep quiet like he asks.

"What's going on?"
"The serial killer just attacked. He's probably still in the alleys, so we're keeping inside. Don't know what the hell those damn knights are doing, chasing out the mono-eyed bandits when they got a regular psychopath here. But no, a human CAN'T be worse then one of those buggers."
"Uhm. Yeah, that's right, I guess."
"Just keep inside for a little while. Are you armed?"
"I have a sword, but I need gloves to use it."
"See, practically defenseless. Stay low, little monk."
>>
No. 362173 ID: 72b600

>>362172
Stay low and follow him! Let's ask who this guy is, he seems legit.
>>
No. 362175 ID: 6e1234

Yeah, do what he says for the time being. But be careful, it's possible that he could be the serial killer.
>>
No. 362552 ID: fcfd60

>>362172
Ask if he knows more about this serial killer.
>>
No. 363707 ID: fc93e0

Don't forget to introduce yourself. You may be considered odd by humans, but at least make yourself seem civil.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason