[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 721600)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 41599 unique user posts. View catalog

File 146264650237.png - (87.12KB , 687x524 , 1.png )
721600 No. 721600 ID: 65a774

“And those that has sinned to make the celestial heavens whole again will never lay eyes upon them themselves. Instead, content in their fate, they will accept the punishment they are given for the sacrifices they have made. But even as they burn for their deeds, we will forgive them for their crimes as their action beacons the birth of the new god!”

Discussion: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/92354.html
Wiki and previous threads: http://tgchan.org/wiki/Strange_Bedfellows
Expand all images
>>
No. 721601 ID: 65a774
File 146264652358.png - (48.55KB , 686x526 , 2.png )
721601

:BriannahSB: Nrgh… no…
:KronosSB: Ugh… huh?
:BriannahSB: K-kronos…
:KronosSB:

...it seems that Bri is having some troublesome dreams, as she keeps trashing around in her sleep.

>So how was it?
…you don’t know where to even begin describing yesterday evening. It’s just a fog of bliss that lasted for hours; filled with her embrace… this might have been one of the best nights of your life.
>Does that really count as making love?
While you have to admit that she went a bit wild by the end of your throes of passion, you’re confident that you’ve given her a more affection filled evening they she’s ever experienced before.
After all, you spent what… six, seven hours in this bedroom with her and just her? That’s a lot of time for cuddling, kisses and telling her how you love her in every possible way. Especially in the end, as things slowed down more and more and became just so much tender then before.
>After cuddling for a while you'll be ready for another round with Bri.
You’re not sure how many rounds it became in the end? How do you even count it? Four? Or three, one was foreplay after all? Or just two, as two where on a row, so to speak? Hmm… the only thing you know for certain is the best part was the last, as while you might not have made her scream for the gods again, you did make her melt under you as you two embraced in a long, slow kiss.

>Is Xuv's "gift/blessing" doing what she said it would?
You’re pretty sure you’ve never felt this… this… virile before. Either it’s Xuv’s doing or Briannahs…
>...Y'know, you haven't told Bri you love her yet, have you?
You’re pretty sure you told her yesterday… over and over again… and she told you over and over again how she loved you and that she never wanted anyone else but you ever again.
>Make sure to give the charm a look and see if it inexplicably burnt out or otherwise broke during your intercourse.
The charm is still around her tight, just like it was yesterday. And going by the runes, it’s still working its magic.
>>
No. 721602 ID: 65a774
File 146264653718.png - (49.12KB , 686x526 , 3.png )
721602

:BriannahSB: K-kronos… c-come back…
:KronosSB: Bri?
:BriannahSB: Don’t l-leave me…
:KronosSB: Are you alright?
:BriannahSB: Kronos…
:KronosSB: …should I even try to wake you up?

>Since you did succeed at the challenges of making her scream for the Five and scream your name over and over you think she owes you another favor or two.
Oh, she definitely owes you something after making her do that…
>...This is all rather... degrading to her, isn't it? You have a feeling that it's not just kinks and may have some connection to how she got love twisted around with sex.
She did keep insisting that you were in charge the whole time, that someone always had to be dominant. You did try to make her feel more like an equal and you think you might have succeeded in the end? She did start making her own decision instead of insisting on waiting for you to do them for her, so there’s that…

:KronosSB: Urg… Bri… you’re holding me a bit tight here…
:BriannahSB: I’m just… I’m sorry…
:KronosSB: Bri? Let me go?
:BriannahSB: I-I don’t want to let go… what if you leave me like the others?
:KronosSB: …are you answering me in your sleep?
:BriannahSB: Please… don’t leave me…

>Ask Bri what she preferred to do in her previous sexual encounters.
>Ask Bri why she referred to herself as a "bitch" and wanted you to "breed" her, even screaming it in the throes of passion.
…these are good questions, but you might want to hold them off until later…

:BriannahSB: I d-don’t want t-to be alone anymore…
>>
No. 721610 ID: bcff4c

Is she Hurting you? Perhaps you could sligtly sting her with your beaa- Forget that I said that, that could only make it worse. Can you try to tickle her?
>>
No. 721624 ID: a2c005

You could always Powerhug back. Just maximize Skincontact in general.

Seems, her biggest nigtmare is, to be left behind.
>>
No. 721625 ID: 921106

Maybe wake her with a shnog
>>
No. 721632 ID: 5ad4a7

>>721602
Kiss sleeping beauty awake.
>>
No. 721634 ID: f6442a

Hug her and never let go.
>>
No. 721635 ID: 469630

Are you sure she's sleeping?

>…should I even try to wake you up?
Well she's obviously not having a good time, and I think it's better she not do that. If she tries to act like nothing's wrong tell her she talks in her sleep. Then tell her you aren't going anywhere.
>>
No. 721644 ID: 91ee5f

Don't let her accidentally crush you in her sleep! Try tickling her awake! And when she wakes up, tell her that you're not going to go anywhere and that you love her!
>>
No. 721663 ID: 65a774
File 146265956094.png - (48.34KB , 686x526 , 4.png )
721663

>Seems her biggest nightmare is to be left behind.
A lot of people fear being alone… you better make sure her fears doesn’t come to pass!
>Are you sure she's sleeping?
As sure as you can be, yes.
>Is she Hurting you?
Not yet, but it’s getting uncomfortable.

>Perhaps you could slightly sting her with your beak?
Your beak is regularly dulled just so you can’t sting people!
>You could always Powerhug back. Just maximize Skincontact in general.
Oh no! Her hug power is overwhelming! Your measly hug doesn’t even make a dent in her hug power! All is lost! Run for the hills! Game over, man, game over!
>Kiss sleeping beauty awake.
Can’t… reach… snout…

>Try tickling her awake!
:BriannahSB: Pfff-HAHAHA-S-stop it! B-banana! BANANA! Hah… oh… w-what did yah do that for!?
:KronosSB: You were hugging me a bit too hard, Bri…
:BriannahSB: Oh… *sniff* Oh, I didn’t mean to… do that, no…
:KronosSB: And I love you and I’m not going to leave you!
:BriannahSB: …what?
:KronosSB: You talk in your sleep.
:BriannahSB: Oh, that… it… *Sniff*…that dream wasn’t-
:KronosSB: And I can still see the tear on your face…
:BriannahSB: …I… I did ‘ave a bad dream, yes. It’s nothing, really… because I ‘ave the best stuffed animal right ‘ere to cuddle the nightmares away with~ *Purrr*
:KronosSB: Heh…

:BriannahSB: Oh, and about last night… I… I’ve never actually… it makes most other of my “conquests” seem rather shallow, yah ‘now…
:KronosSB: So I take it you enjoyed last night?
:BriannahSB: Oh gods yes! I loved every minute of it… I can’t believe we kept it going for so long… though we did mostly cuddle, but still…
:KronosSB: Wait, what do you usually do?
:BriannahSB: ‘aven’t I already told yah? I usually just ride the cute boys until they are unconscious, which usually only take an ‘our or two. No, this was different… and I liked it…
:KronosSB: So if I told you that we could do another round right now?
:BriannahSB: But I want to cuddle yah and ‘ug yah and love yah! Besides, if I wanted just a great bang I would just go out and wiggle my butt a bit and I’ll ‘ave a gangbang with me as a center piece going within the ‘our.
:KronosSB: …wait, really?
:BriannahSB: I’m sure yah could do that same with that cute butt of ye. No, right now I just want to hug yah… and never let go… ever! Mmmm…
:KronosSB: We have to get up at some point…
:BriannahSB: Mmmmmmaybe… but that means I just need to follow yah around! Hmm… actually, speaking of getting that cute butt of ye gangbanged, what are ye plans for today? My schedule is rather thin and… I want to spend some more time with yah.

…indeed, what are your plans for today? What is it that you needed to do? Find some kind of unknown rune deep within the grand temple and destroy to appease life itself, before someone creates a new god all the while a mad god is trying to use you to get back out in the world? Why couldn’t things be as simple as they were last year, when the only thing you needed to worry about was not get to bored?

:BriannahSB: Of course, first order of business is to just lay ‘ere for another ‘our and enjoy each other, eh? Maybe talk a bit? ...or just lay ‘ere, ‘nowing yah are right next to me…?
>>
No. 721674 ID: 469630

We should probably confide in Brianah that we need to confront her brother and your sister about some shady stuff, but when we do, it'll be out that we know too much. But we can't let things take the course they're on. Again.

We'll confront your sister first- For Belseth, we'll just wait for him to come to us with another suspiciously specific hypothetical and hit him with a "He's asked you to kill people, hasn't he?" or something in that vein.
>>
No. 721676 ID: 973861

well we need to see if the artificer is back yet so we can look into founding an improve false eye, need to replace the plants you dug up while drunk the other night, and speaking of that you need to through that gardner party thing as to say sorry for digging up the garden. Oh and we should make it a thing to see our father at least once a day from now on because he's going through a tough time. Might as well talk to your sister as well if we have the time. Other then that I think we're free and most of that stuff we can only get started today so it shouldn't take to long.
>>
No. 721680 ID: 1cebc8

Get some nuts.

Find some seeds, fungus spores, and insect eggs, and plant them in various places around the archbishop's territory. See if anything grows sporadically, the energy from the soul essence will likely spill due to the juryrigged crystal battery chargers and magic the @#$% up.

... But yeah, get some roasted nuts with roasted spices and roasted sugar glazing for breakfast.
>>
No. 721689 ID: 91ee5f

Well, after what happened last night, I'd say you both need to clean up before officially starting your day together. So, are either of you up for bathing together? You still owe Bri a back scrubbing after all!
>>
No. 721828 ID: c43722

You should take the hour or so you have with Bri before you have to get up and fill her in on most of what's been happening with you these last few days that's relevant to the future of your soul and the future of this nation and her's. As your wife, she deserves to know the threat hanging over you and all the particulars around it. Then you both can face it and figure out what to do and together. You feel that together with her, there's nothing that you can't overcome.

Tell Bri you have something you want to show her, but you need to get out of bed to get it. Then go get the prayer book from your chest and a little light crystal, climb into bed and pull a bunch of covers over you and Bri to muffle what your saying to any possible eavesdroppers. Tell her what this book is and show her the illustrations of the gods by the light of the crystal, settling on the one of Xuv. Ask her what she makes of this. Of the pantheon of old containing, what you assume is, one of the ancient Great Dragons her people revere as their ancestors.

Then tell Bri in full about your encounter with Old Man Life, the deal you struck for your soul and mortality, and what you learned from him about the fall of the last age. Tell her about your meeting with the Archbishop and the promises of mass miracles she made and how it's a cover for what she really wants: To create a new god, like hasn't been done since the last age. Tell her of your meetings with Chronicler and what it has told you, and it's mentioning that the Archbishop was thinking of world conquest. Tell her about Elete and that that's almost certainly not her real name and that she is likely some kind of agent of the Archbishop. Tell her what you found out from Tim about the magic surges from the Grand Temple and what he said about the Soul Cradle. Tell her about how Belseth is in some way involved with this, and of the wards on him, one of which hides him from the gaze of Old Man Life, but you don't know which. Ask her if she's ever gotten a good look at Bel's legs and... Um... His front below the belt. Does he have wards or symbols tattooed in either if those places as well?

Tell Bri about the last time Xuv appeared to you. What you and her said, and how you don't know who did the ritual to summon her. You don't think it was Tim, but you'll have to find some discreet way to ask his students what he was doing at the time to be sure of it. That leaves Cain or someone who copied his or Tim's notes as the culprit, and if it's the latter then that's a problem. It means you've lost control of what's in the book and who knows what will come of that.

Also tell Bri what Xuv said when she saw that wyvern Regicide piece. About how the wyverns are her children. What does Bri make of that?

Tell her about what Xuv said of Cain, saying that she was running her mouth and not that you asked for it. That according to her his loyalty to you is irreproachable, but he's been lying to you and keeping secrets. Tell her that you have a feeling that he may be working for your sister, as a minder for you, and if that's true then he'll have already told her of everything involving the prayer book and you irresponsibly performing the rituals from it.

And also tell Bri about your meeting with your sister Kira yesterday. Tell her that you know the attempted murder charges placed on Karas were trumped up as pretext to search his quarters. And that search would find fabricated evidence planted in the secret compartment of his chest. Fake evidence planted by one of Doxan's contemporaries, you figure. All to get the warrant needed to rip Karas' apartment apart to find the real evidence. You don't like that it took such measures to contain Karas, but you understand that it's what had to be done.

And thinking about the evidence planted in Karas' chest, the same kind as you have, the planter had to have had a key. Which means however they got it is a way it's possible to get one for your chest. Perhaps when the locks were made a copy of the keys were taken in secret by one of Kira's agents so that they could open the chests in secret and search them.

Find time at some point this morning to hit the firing range for a bit to figure out in what way losing your right eye has thrown your aim off so you can compensate. You don't want a situation to come along where it's vital you're a crack shot and then blow it 'cause of that, do you? And you should also get on the climbing wall during your morning exercises to figure out how much losing your depth perception has effected your reaching for hand holds and compensate for that as well.You really don't want to find out the hard way that your sense of what you're reaching for is off when you're climbing high up and reaching for handholds.

You and Bri are going to do your morning exercise routines, aren't you? Then how about you plan to go to the Big Bath afterwards. Even though it's too late to give her that back scrub and have it count as a favor, you still owe it to her. And you'll give it to her, along with scrubbing every other part of her, and then she can do likewise for you.

Find out what your father's schedule is today so you can arrange to meet up with him, perhaps over lunch. In fact, you should bring Bri along too. It'll be good to have a nice informal get together between your father and your fiancé. See how well they get along outside of formal and official meetings.
>>
No. 721879 ID: 65a774
File 146273493456.png - (29.41KB , 686x526 , 5.png )
721879

>We need to see if the artificer is back yet so we can look into founding an improved false eye.
The artificer isn’t coming back until next week, when the trading ships returns from the isles.
>Need to replace the plants you dug up while drunk the other night, and speaking of that you need to through that gardener party thing as to say sorry for digging up the garden.
Didn’t you tell Cain to get on that? You’re pretty sure you told Cain yesterday… probably…
>Find some seeds, fungus spores, and insect eggs, and plant them in various places around the archbishop's territory. See if anything grows sporadically, the energy from the soul essence will likely spill due to the juryrigged crystal battery chargers and magic the @#$% up.
Hmm, those seeds will probably take a while to grow, even with the magic but… actually; it’s not a bad idea. There is a lot of fauna around the Grand temple already so it’s not impossible that there are some weird growths in the garden somewhere. You bet the gardeners can tell you, which mean you can pinpoint where exactly all this magic is coming from.

>Oh and we should make it a thing to see our father at least once a day from now on because he's going through a tough time.
You definitely need to see your father today, yeah…
>In fact, you should bring Bri along too. It'll be good to have a nice informal get together between your father and your fiancé.
Hmm… you can probably have lunch with him? You’ll send a message to him as soon as possible to join you and Bri for lunch. Right after you ask Bri about it.

:BriannahSB: Lunch with ye father? I can’t see why not?

>You should take the hour or so you have with Bri before you have to get up and fill her in on most of what's been happening with you these last few days that's relevant to the future of your soul and the future of this nation and her's.
:BriannahSB: …yah ‘now, I’m not entirely sure ‘ow to react to all this. I mean… either the world ‘as gone crazy or yah’re just mad… or both. I do trust yah, Kronos, but I don’t ‘now what, exactly, I can do about it. Being hired by the concept of life itself to kill a god? That sounds like a very badly written fantasy novel.
>We should probably confide in Brianah that we need to confront her brother and your sister about some shady stuff.
:BriannahSB: Shady stuff? Reallly? Well, I can’t say how yah sister will react, but Belseth? ‘e’ll spill everything as soon as yah wiggle that tush for ‘im, eh?
>Ask her if she's ever gotten a good look at Bel's legs and... Um... His front below the belt. Does he have wards or symbols tattooed in either if those places as well?
: BriannahSB: Oh, why yes, ‘e does. ‘e ‘as this really weird tattoo around his crotch. When ‘e’s standing normally, it makes up a circle of odd symbols with ‘is dick in the center.
:KronosSB: …okay, I’m going to regret asking this but… how do you know that?
:BriannahSB: I saw it when I sucked ‘is cock!
:KronosSB: … … …right… aren’t he playing for the other team… and… um… you two are… at least officially, sibling?
:BriannahSB: When it comes to relationships, sure, but that dick-sucker is addicted to cock so ‘ard that ‘e doesn’t care who’s got it… and it was before we actually ‘now we were supposed to be “family”.
:KronosSB: Right… I… I shouldn’t have asked that… now, for something completely different so I can cleanse my mind, breakfast?


>...But yeah, get some roasted nuts with roasted spices and roasted sugar glazing for breakfast.
:BriannahSB: …roasted nuts with sugar glazing? That sound more like some dessert than breakfast.
:KronosSB: But they taste so good! I love nuts like that!
:BriannahSB: …really? Personally, I prefer sausage for breakfast. You know, some real meat to dig into…
:KronosSB: Well, I love sausage too… hmm… I wonder if I can get some Sausage and nut- oh…
:BriannahSB: Pfff…
:KronosSB: I just realized the innuendo…
>Well, after what happened last night, I'd say you both need to clean up before officially starting your day together. So, is either of you up for bathing together?
:BriannahSB: The only bath big enough for the both of us is in the basement… do yah want everyone to smell ye conquest as we walk down there together?
:KronosSB: or we can take a quick shower here before heading down there.
:BriannahSB: Aw, and ‘ere I though yah’ve gotten kinky.
>You and Bri are going to do your morning exercise routines, aren't you?
:BriannahSB: Kronos, listen carefully…
:KronosSB: … …. …what? What am I- wait, you mean the rain on the windows?
:BriannahSB: Don’t want to exercise in this kind of weather. That is, unless yah ‘ave somewhere dry to do so?
:KronosSB: I’m… not sure, actually.
>Ask Bri why she referred to herself as a "bitch" and wanted you to "breed" her, even screaming it in the throes of passion.
:BriannahSB: Because yah were in charge and I was yah b-
:KronosSB: Please don’t call yourself that, Bri. And I wasn’t in charge!
:BriannahSB: Bah! Of course yah were.

> Find time at some point this morning to hit the firing range for a bit to figure out in what way losing your right eye has thrown your aim off.
Not in this rain, you aren’t. Out there, Illasia herself is crying her heart out, trying to flood the world again.
>And you should also get on the climbing wall during your morning exercises to figure out how much losing your depth perception has effected your reaching for hand holds and compensate for that as well.
All the best walls are outside… and they are way too wet to climb safety right now.

>Since you did succeed at the challenges of making her scream for the Five and scream your name over and over you think she owes you another favor or two.
:BriannahSB: Aright, fine, another favor for yah… Hmm, which means there’s way too many favors in play. Time to have some fun, eh?
:KronosSB: Oh, gods…
:BriannahSB: Actually, I’m going to use up my “big favor”.
:KronosSB: Didn’t we agree that it wasn’t-
:BriannahSB: We agreed I would make it a bit different. How about… I’ll give you some alterative to choose from and if you succeed in completing one of the task given to yah, I’ll reward yah.
:KronosSB: …a reward?
:BriannahSB: My arse will be ye’s to do what yah wishes with. I ‘now yah love it, so I’m sure it will be a temptation yah can’t refuse, eh?
:KronosSB: …and the favor?

:BriannahSB: Oh, I got three in mind… first, yah keep asking about ‘ow someone with a beak can give a decent blowjob so I thought, why not teach yah personally? So tonight I’ll retrieve some of my toys and we can practice ye cock sucking abilities to the max! Oh, and to get the reward, yah’ll need to show me that ye tush can take cock as well.
:KronosSB: …why do I have a feeling all these alternatives will involve my butt?
:BriannahSB: The second is visiting that dear “brother” of mine tonight. I want to ‘ear those cute moans of ‘is again as well as the sound of a butt being pounded. Extra points if it is ye butt.
:KronosSB: Oh, gods… Bri…
:BriannahSB: The last alternative is a double doozy, actually. See, I owe Sisah a favor, don’t I?
:KronosSB: …wait, Sisah?
:BriannahSB: And yah’ve seen ‘ow she is, eh? ‘ow distracted she is and agitated she is. That poor gal must so terrible pent up that ‘er egg-sack is so full that it’s painful.
:KronosSB: …wait, she’s acting weird because she’s pent up!? Can’t she just take care of that herself? …or just hire someone to do it for her?
:BriannahSB: She’s from a society where yah can literally walk up to someone on the street and ask them if they “fancy a quick shag” and get it. Doing things that way you suggested is seen as a rather huge disgrace. Now, my favor to ‘er is that yah, personally, as in “in person”, take care of this little problem tonight.
:KronosSB: …with my butt?
:BriannahSB: Well, if yah want to.
:KronosSB: …Why do I get a feeling you’ve spent a lot of time thinking about this favor?
:BriannahSB: These kind of favors are the best kind of favors!
:KronosSB: Gods… I don’t even…
>>
No. 721897 ID: 7b25e7

If you give Belseth a blowjob and let him ride your ass, you'll technically be completing both the first and second challenges, so you should get double the rewards.
>>
No. 721898 ID: 91ee5f

>>721879
I think you should go help Sisah. If you get rid of her "distraction" then she'll be able to focus on her job of protecting you.

Also, don't forget about scrubbing Bri's back when you get in the shower! You still owe her one, even though she'll probably say it doesn't count unless you're in the big bath.
>>
No. 721899 ID: a22f87

what's the time limit on these and do they need to be completed in order or not?

You could probably do the first 2 at once just to get it out of the way but at the same time... yeah. Only reason I'm actually think of going for it is because it would give us a better chance to see more of his ruins he has all over his body.

Sisah would probably be the easiest both because she's closer, she's female (so it's easier on you), and she'd probably actually go for it because she has been eyeing you for a while now. Probably still best to just head over to her room at some point and talk to her about it.

Also I have got to ask but WHY does Bri want us to sleep with our bodyguard and her brother? I mean I can understand the first one of her request because she's kinky like that but I'm still scratching my head a little on the next two. And I mean it as in why us?
>>
No. 721905 ID: 469630

>‘e’ll spill everything as soon as yah wiggle that tush for ‘im, eh?
I'm not gonna lead him on, especially not for information.
>I saw it when I sucked ‘is cock!
Illasia Wept.
>Oh, I got three in mind...-
Endless, bitter tears.

She's afraid to be left alone, then asks you to chase after other people? It's self defeating.

Well, between the incest and egg sacs, if this conversation hasn't turned you off to butt stuff for the near future I don't know what will. She mentioned completion/reward, so is graciously losing by forfeit an option? If so, take that. We're trying to move this relationship away from the precedent of emotionless sex acts.
>>
No. 721971 ID: c43722

Well, this is yet another part of the deserved price you pay for rushing into Karas' trap and acting impulsively rash then. You'll accept this price and choose one of the tasks Bri has laid out and fulfill your big favor to her. However, you'll still voice your dislike that two of her three choices put you having sex with other people. In the future you'd like the both of us to keep our choice of favors away from sex acts with others.

You like Belseth too much to just outright ask him to have sex. You feel that would just feed his addiction to cock more. And besides that, you don't know if you're ready to have sex with a guy. And you're still figuring out your feelings towards him. Heck, you've only kissed him once and it was a surprise from him. You want to at least have a actual date with him first.

Ask Bri if you do more than one of her tasks if you'd get another favor for it. Because you're thinking your first preference would be to help Sisah with her being pent up. That'd clear up that distraction and, according to Bri, show that you do still trust Sisah. You should be the one to tell her about this and not Bri, though. But you'd also like to do the first one and learn how to safely and properly perform fellatio and also find out if you enjoy getting anal from Bri. And you kinda feel that if you do lose your anal virginity, it should be Bri that gets to take it. Would there be enough time to do both? Doing the first option, then the third would give you the opportunity to try out your new fellatio skill on Sisah. Though, if you find you like anal then you may prefer taking her ovipositor just to experience what that feels like. And make sure to "relieve" Sisah in her tank-bed, since that's where she'd be comfortable.

You have to ask Bri why she chose the second the third option. And for that matter, ask her why is she so overly sexual. Why it is that she wants so much sex even though it's been so shallow for her. You want to know what made her this way, what drives her to this. You want to know her story so you'll know her. And you'll use a favor if you have to to hear her story from her. Doesn't have to be right now, but you want to hear it today.

You're also going to want to hear what the Slaver Incident was from her at some point today. You know it'll probably set your phobia off, but the only way you're going to get control of it is to face your fears.

Ask Bri how much does Doxan know about locks and the picking thereof. Because if he's skilled at picking locks you want to somehow get him down into the crypt to have a look at the door from there to under the Grand Temple. But if he's not skilled at that, then perhaps we could find out who would have the key, and then Doxan could relieve them of it just long enough to take a cast of it, then put it back. Then we could have a key made from the cast.

>There is a lot of fauna around the Grand temple already so it’s not impossible that there are some weird growths in the garden somewhere. You bet the gardeners can tell you, which mean you can pinpoint where exactly all this magic is coming from.
But Tim said the magic surges have only been happening for a few weeks, and only after midnight most nights. Would that even be enough raw magic exposure to start to noticeably effect plant life? You don't know, but it's worth checking on it just in case. Fortunately, since it's raining Whispers of Growth will be off-duty, or at least working indoors. Go find Whispers and ask it if there's been any strange plant growths in the garden these past months, and if so then where. Then you can also tell it that you're planning to arrange a party for the gardeners as part of saying you're sorry for not just digging up the garden this time, but all the previous times you've messed it up and made work for them. And you're also going to attend it so you can apologize in person. Now, you know it can't partake of the food, but it can still come to it and enjoy the company, and perhaps it can have some of the drink. You don't know if Uredo can absorb alcohol, and if they can if they need their own kind of drinks.

>I do trust yah, Kronos, but I don’t ‘now what, exactly, I can do about it.
Well, you wanted her to know less for what she could do and more so you could speak freely with her about. And also so you'd have someone you could share it with and not feel so burdened. And you wanted her to know so she'd know why you're doing some of the strange things you have done and will be doing.

>Being hired by the concept of life itself to kill a god? That sounds like a very badly written fantasy novel.
From some of what Chronicler has said, you're getting the very uncomfortable feeling that that is the kind of thing it's siblings weave into Fate and the world.

>Oh, why yes, ‘e does. ‘e ‘as this really weird tattoo around his crotch. When ‘e’s standing normally, it makes up a circle of odd symbols with ‘is dick in the center.
If she remembers it clearly enough to draw it, you'd like her to do that for you. Then you can either show it to Tim for him to identify or borrow a copy of E.S. Zabat's Guide to Curious Wards and Runes and ID it yourself.

>I want to ‘ear those cute moans of ‘is again as well as the sound of a butt being pounded. Extra points if it is ye butt.
...Is she saying she's going to be listening in if you have sex with Belseth? 'Cause if so, then that's an additional "nope" on this option. And how would she know if you're the one getting pounded in the bum...? Wait... Is she implying she'd be watching as well? 'Cause if that's the case, you'd give an emphatic double "nope" on top of the previous one.

>See, I owe Sisah a favor, don’t I?
She does? What for?

>>721897
Belseth wouldn't let Kronos' inexperienced beak anywhere near his dick, and even if he did, giving him fellatio wouldn't complete the first task option Bri gave. The first one is completed if Kronos both shows Bri that he can take a cock up his rear as well as learning to perform fellatio from her.

>>721898
>Also, don't forget about scrubbing Bri's back when you get in the shower!
They're going to go down to the big bath after showering enough of the reek of sex off of each other so passersby don't smell it, so he should save scrubbing her back for when they get down there.

>>721899
Er... Do you think that Bri wants Kronos to do all three of those things? Because your post reads that way. She actually gave Kronos three options to pick one of to fulfill his big favor to her, with the additional reward of doing whatever he wishes with her arse for completing whichever task he chooses.

>Sisah would probably be the easiest both because she's closer, she's female (so it's easier on you)
Uh, she isn't female, she's ovale. She has a ovipositor that lays unfertilized eggs.

>>721905
Do you also believe that Bri wants Kronos to perform all three tasks to fulfill his big favor to her? Because he actually only has to choose one of them to fulfill it.
>>
No. 721996 ID: 91ee5f

>>721971
>Slaver Incident
Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Face your fears, Kronos! And remember, Bri loves you and will NEVER do anything to hurt you!
>>
No. 722001 ID: 8c00b3

> Bri wants you to stick something in one of your holes
You have an eye socket. Use it.

>Bri, Belseth, or Sisah
Sisah. You need your bodyguards at peak condition. Also, eggs. Maybe you can use the unfertilized ones as crafting ingredients.

... Or see if you can get them fertilized via experimental Life magic.
>>
No. 722405 ID: 65a774
File 146288445555.png - (42.85KB , 686x526 , 6.png )
722405

>Well, this is yet another part of the deserved price you pay for rushing into Karas' trap and acting impulsively rash then.
Is it really? What you did was a bit stupid, yes, but this? This seems more like Bri’s fetish dreams then a punishment for impulsiveness.
>Between the incest and egg sacs…
Technically, they aren’t siblings… neither by blood or emotion... so not actually incest. As for egg sacs and ovipositors… you’re not sure how you’re supposed to react to those.

>I have got to ask but WHY does Bri want us to sleep with our bodyguard and her brother?
:BriannahSB: Well, Sisah really needs to get laid and ‘er culture want yah to sleep with ‘er as a sign of trust, so win win? As for Belseth? …well, ‘e really needs to get laid too, I think. And who better than the one ‘e ‘as a crush on?
>She's afraid to be left alone and then asks you to chase after other people? It's self-defeating.
:BriannahSB: ‘ey, it’s just sex. It’s not like I asked yah to make a relationship with them, eh?
:KronosSB: I don’t think anything can be “just sex”.
:BriannahSB: And I trust yah enough to not leave me just because of a good lay, right?
>In the future you'd like the both of us to keep our choice of favors away from sex acts with others.
:BriannahSB: Aw, yah’re no fun. What is a little bit of sex between friends, eh?
:KronosSB: Sex really is rather shallow for you, isn’t it?
:BriannahSB: Only when I want it to.
>She mentioned completion/reward, so is graciously losing by forfeit an option?
:BriannahSB: Forfeit? If yah forfeit on a favor I’ll ‘ave to punish yah! The same goes for if I forfeit a favor from yah, eh?
:KronosSB: Something tells me this punishment isn’t worth it…
>If you give Belseth a blowjob and let him ride your ass, you'll technically be completing both the first and second challenges, so you should get double the rewards.
:BriannahSB: Double the rewards? Hmm… I can’t give yah my arse twice, can I? Hmm… ‘ow about… if yah succeed it doing two of them, I’ll owe yah another favor… and if yah do all three… I’ll revoke all the favors I ‘ave. Deal? Oh, but only if yah do it before midnight tomorrow… err… actually, before tomorrow ends sounds better.

>You like Belseth too much to just outright ask him to have sex. Besides that, you don't know if you're ready to have sex with a guy. And you're still figuring out your feelings towards him.
:BriannahSB: Well, yah always ‘ave two other options, don’t yah?
>I'm not gonna lead him on, especially not for information.
:BriannahSB: Yah probably don’t need to lead ‘im on at all, Kronos. Yah ‘now ‘ow ‘e is… as soon as a gorgeous man like yah are around, ‘e simply can’t shut up can ‘e?
>...Is she saying she's going to be listening in if you have sex with Belseth? 'Cause if so, then that's an additional "nope" on this option.
:BriannahSB: Listening? I’ll like to watch!
:KronosSB: That makes it even worse!
:BriannahSB: Then we’ll make it a threesome!
:KronosSB: I… but… ugh…
>You want to at least have an actual date with him first.
:BriannahSB: …a d-date!?
:KronosSB: …wait, you’re fine with me sleeping with him, but not dating him?
:BriannahSB: Sex like that is just for fun, love, but dating? That’s something couples are supposed to do, eh? Hmm… I guess I’ll simply ‘ave to trust yah enough that yah don’t leave me for ‘im.

>Ask her why she is so overly sexual. Why it is that she wants so much sex even though it's been so shallow for her.
:BriannahSB: Because it’s fun, feels nice and I love it? It’s a ‘obby, after all.
>You want to know what made her this way, what drives her to this. And you'll use a favor if you have to hear her story from her.
:BriannahSB: Why, can’t a healthy young woman ‘ave a ‘obby like sex?
:KronosSB: Then how about… let’s start with when… and to who did you actually lose your virginity too?
:BriannahSB: ‘aven’t I already told yah that?
:KronosSB: You told me of your first “conquest”, and I’m not buying that it was your first time.
:BriannahSB: Well…
:KronosSB: And no lying, Bri… I’m using a favor for this, remember?
:BriannahSB: … … …c-can we talk about this later? I need to collect my thoughts first.
:KronosSB: Later today, yes.

>Ask Bri how much does Doxan know about locks and the picking thereof.
:BriannahSB: Oh, ‘e can get practically any door open.
:KronosSB: …you didn’t actually answer my question.
:BriannahSB: ‘e’s good at picking locks, sure, and even if ‘e can’t pick it, ‘e ‘as other means to get it open. Though the lock might be a bit busted afterwards.
>If she remembers the tattoo clearly enough to draw it, you'd like her to do that for you.
:BriannahSB: No can do, love. It’s been a while since I’ve seen it and I was focusing on something else at the time, eh?
>You're also going to want to hear what the Slaver Incident was from her at some point today.
:BriannahSB: Well, if yah really want to ‘now… I guess now is as good time as any?
:KronosSB: Now?
:BriannahSB: Yah’re lying in bed naked with me on the morning after a very passionate night. If there ever were a time that you trusted me, it would be now, eh?
:KronosSB: Just… tell me what happen.
:BriannahSB: I’ll try to skip the details and make it short. See, I was ‘elping mopping up Risavian deserters after the war. This particular group ‘ad become slavers and were kidnapping and selling Sakkilians children to be used by Lorentia necromancers as fuel.
:KronosSB: Didn’t you say you would skip the details?
:BriannahSB: I just wanted to make sure yah ‘new they were bad people. So, we attacked their main camp, a rather one sided battle if yah ask me, but apparently we’d missed a scouting party or something. So, the command post I was in was suddenly attacked by a group of Varkian deserters and I was caught without a weapon. One of them, a rather small woman, charged towards me with ‘er blade drawn, but I was able to deflect ‘er attack with my metal ‘and. Without a weapon, I went in trying to bite ‘er ‘ead instead, but she ‘ad a similar idea and tried to ‘eadbutt me just as I opened my jaw… so… um… all the sudden I ‘ad a Varkian ‘alfway down my throat and instincts kind of took over and… err… yeah…
:KronosSB: …wait, so you actually… ate someone alive!?
:BriannahSB: Kind of? I mean, I ‘ad crush together lots of bones to get ‘er to fit and I don’t think there’s a lot of air down there and she did stop moving when I reached ‘er ‘ips and… err… right, I said no details, didn’t I?
:KronosSB: I… a part of me still don’t want to believe that actually happen… another don’t want to believe it…
:BriannahSB: Well, believe me when I say I won’t do it again. I became a bedridden, bloated cow for a week after that. Cracked some of my ribs, fractured my stomach and it felt like I nearly starved to death. Yah guys are mostly feather, bones and other ‘ard to digest stuff that’s low on all kind of proteins and stuff.
:KronosSB: I… I believe you when you say you won’t do it again…
:BriannahSB: Thank you.

>Sisah. You need your bodyguards at peak condition. That'd clear up that distraction and, according to Bri, show that you do still trust Sisah.
:BriannahSB: Ah, so yah’re going for Sisah, eh?
:KronosSB: I’m not-
:BriannahSB: Good choice. Take it from me, there’s nothing quite like being fi-
:KronosSB: Bri, please… I’m not even sure this is a good idea or not!
:BriannahSB: Well, whenever yah are ready, just talk to ‘er, eh? I’m sure she will be thrilled to ‘ear yah ask ‘er to bed.
:KronosSB: Ugh…
>And make sure to "relieve" Sisah in her tank-bed, since that's where she'd be comfortable.
You’ll “relieve” her where she wants to do it… if it comes to that.
>Also, eggs. Maybe you can use the unfertilized ones as crafting ingredients. ...Or see if you can get them fertilized via experimental Life magic.
…let’s not play god with the unborn children of a sentient species… wait, do they really count as unborn children? It’s kind of saying that sperms are unborn children as well… err…
>But you'd also like to do the first one and learn how to safely and properly perform fellatio and also find out if you enjoy getting anal from Bri.
:BriannahSB: Really? Well, whenever yah are ready, I’ll be ‘appy to teach yah everything I ‘now, pupil.
:KronosSB: That’s what I am afraid off…
>You kinda feel that if you do lose your anal virginity, it should be Bri that gets to take it.
:BriannahSB: Aw, I ‘new yah loved me.
:KronosSB: I don’t think-
:BriannahSB: Not only are yah willing to give away something so special that it can ever only be given once, yah trust me enough to do so as well, eh? If that isn’t a statement of love, I don’t ‘now what is.
:KronosSB: …of course it is.
>Would there be enough time to do both?
:BriannahSB: Yah ‘ave all day today and all day tomorrow as well, don’t yah? Plenty of ‘ours to spend. Just tell me when yah’re ready for ye training, eh?
:KronosSB: I think I have more important things to do then this…
:BriannahSB: Really now?


>Don't forget about scrubbing Bri's back when you get in the shower! You still owe her one, even though she'll probably say it doesn't count unless you're in the big bath.
You’ll save your scrubbing for the bath… which you were planning on going to right after a quick shower, remember? While you can gladly say that Bri loves being scrubbed from head to tail tip, Sisah, having taken her usual spot to guard inside the bath hall, is visible uncomfortable with how naked you are right now, trying in vain to focus on a broken tile in the corner. She’s probably even more jittery and restless today compared yesterday.

So, what are your plans for today? Let’s see… you need to talk to Whisper about odd growth spurts in the garden… to Doxan about the lock in the crypt… and Belseth about his tattoo? That’s it? Oh, and lunch with your father… and confronting your sister… and Bri’s favor… and with your luck, Chronicler will probably pop up in the middle of something with a new name for his book… and life will come by and strangle you for not working faster or something… by the five, you have a lot to do today.

:BriannahSB: Yah ‘now… I just got a really evil idea. Just look ‘ow “distracted” sisah is already… why don’t we tease ‘er a bit more before yah “relive” ‘er, eh? She ‘as to follow us around all day anyway, so…?
>>
No. 722423 ID: 47160d

This is an awful lotta sex stuff for an author who staunchly refuses to show such things. Regardless let's see what Bri has in mind as far as teasing, as long as it isn't too bad...
>>
No. 722425 ID: 4854ef

Jeeze Sisah really is just straight twitchy today aint she? I don't think you'd have to actually do much more to really tease her, though at this point she pretty much is correct, she won't be too useful as a guard if she's this...way.
>>
No. 722427 ID: 91ee5f

>Ate a Varkian woman.
.....I know this is a morbid thought but.....maybe that's how Bri's butt and hips got so big? You know that old saying, "A moment on the lips, forever on the hips".
>Well, believe me when I say I won’t do it again. I became a bedridden, bloated cow for a week after that. Cracked some of my ribs, fractured my stomach and it felt like I nearly starved to death. Yah guys are mostly feather, bones and other ‘ard to digest stuff that’s low on all kind of proteins and stuff.
Well, that's good news. She hated doing that, which means she's NEVER going to do it again. So, that means Kronos doesn't have to worry about Bri eating him.

>Sisah's "distraction".
Geez, if this goes on any longer, she won't be able to focus on her job at all! Let's hear how Bri wants to tease Sisah, but if it's too mean we're not going to do it.
>>
No. 722429 ID: 2a7417

I'm far more okay with the idea of teasing Sisah than with the constant suggestion of shagging Briannah's brother. Go on, rattle the snake.
>>
No. 722432 ID: 8ec390

>Technically, they aren’t siblings… neither by blood or emotion...
Blood nothing, it's scandalous enough.
>As for egg sacs and ovipositors…
Nothing you want doing the booty infiltrate.

> And I trust yah enough to not leave me just because of a good lay, right?
It was less than an hour ago, Bri. There were tears. You've played with fire and been burned before, why won't you stop? You've got to understand this cannot be good for a relationship, Especially if dating is the line to cross and Belseth is still crushing on me. He's already misunderstood my intentions in that manner once.

When Bri is inevitably unswayed by logic, Whisper you'll distract Sisah while Bri gets out of the tub and tackles her in, but ONLY if this gets finished here. Sisah needs to be en pointe. Metaphorically speaking. She doesn't have toes. When the time comes, put your hand on Sisah's tail 'to get her attention' (see: distract her) and ramble on about some random crap needs doing or whatever.

If Bri, for some unspeakable act of railroading, turns down a three-way on those terms, we'll get Sisah & Belseth together, swearing them to secrecy. May involve the proactive removal of tongues, but still manages to be the more morally defensible and dignified option.

>to do list
We'll write whisper a note or delegate to Cain because chances are he's still pissy at us, delegate talking to Doxan to Bri, never ever speak of Belseth's tattoo ever again ever- but wait for him to approach us with another moral quandary for a confrontation over the archbishop's plans, find & confront your sister on our own time, have lunch, while putting rain checks on stuff for after lunch as things pop up and shit goes inevitably and irrecoverably out of out of your control over the course of the day and your life.
>>
No. 722434 ID: a22f87

>why don’t we tease ‘er a bit more before yah “relive” ‘er, eh?
so what, ask her to come in and scrub my back once I'm done with you while you step out for a moment then come back in and start scrubbing her back sandwiching her between us?
>>
No. 722447 ID: 90f3c0

You should only tease Sisah is you plan to "relieve" her immediately, dragging it out too long would be a bit mean. Ask her to help you bathe, then slowly escalate things from scrubbing to a full on threesome.
>>
No. 722541 ID: c43722

Whisper to Bri you'll hear what kind of tease she has in mind. Then once she tells you, tell her that you think it'd be cruel to tease Sisah in her state. It'd be like if you had a terrible case of blue balls and Bri kept teasing you, making it even worse. It'd drive you up the damn wall and you wouldn't be able to focus at all. And besides, making your bodyguard even more distracted by her pent up predicament sounds to you like a bad idea. You'd only consider teasing her if it's right before you "relieve" her... Which, frankly, you really should do before going anywhere. You can see how much Sisah's attention is being taken up by being pent up. In this state she's not going to be a adequate bodyguard. And if something bad happened to you today 'cause she was all pent up and distracted, she'd never forgive herself.

Suggest that you could tease Sisah by starting to swim laps in the pool, which would give her a nice view of your naked butt as you go. And you'd also get some exercise in, which is good since you couldn't get your morning exercise routine in 'cause of the rain.

Out of curiosity, ask Bri how much she thinks it would wind Sisah up if you took your tutelage in fellatio while she watched. And how much more it'd wind her up if she watched Bri taking your anal virginity. ...Maybe you could do that before relieving Sisah of her problem. If you did then you'd know how to perform fellatio and would be free to do anal, so you could choose from either one. Because as it is, your only option to give Sisah relief is giving her a handjob. Or maybe Sisah would agree to you performing fellatio without previous experience if Bri is guiding you through it.

When you're done teasing Sisah, pinch her tail tip and ask her what's got her agitated today even more than she was yesterday. When she inevitably gives you a non-answer, tell her you know why and that it's because she's all pent up. Then be direct and ask her if she wants to have sex with you, because you're fully willing to. She just needs to say in what way.

...Y'know, you might get a favor from Bri if you offered to wear a buttplug for a day. It's just an idea to keep in mind.

>Something tells me this punishment isn’t worth it…
You should still hear what her punishment would be so you get an idea of how serious the consequences for forfeiting a favor are. And also so you know what all the options on the table are, even the one that is probably worse than the others. It may turn out that Bri's idea of a serious punishment is one you'd consider less bad than the alternatives.

>Then we’ll make it a threesome!
Considering how the two of them get along, if you did get in a threesome with them they'd be snarking and throwing verbal barbs at each other throughout the whole thing.

>See, I was ‘elping mopping up Risavian deserters after the war.
Wait, why were there deserters when the war was already over...? Oh, you think you know. They couldn't stand that Risavia had lowered itself to allying with the Zadian Empire, their hated Sakkilian enemy. That'd explain why at least that group of deserters were enslaving Sakkilians.

>This particular group ‘ad become slavers and were kidnapping and selling Sakkilians children to be used by Lorentia necromancers as fuel.
What? "Fuel?" What the heck kind of necromancy takes people to fuel it? And why use children? Or is it specifically Sakkilian children they want? And is this kind of sick necromantic practice common in Lorentia?

>I… a part of me still don’t want to believe that actually happen… another don’t want to believe it…
Um... What are you saying here? That both parts of you don't want to believe it? Bit of an odd thing to say.

>I mean, I ‘ad crush together lots of bones to get ‘er to fit and I don’t think there’s a lot of air down there and she did stop moving when I reached ‘er ‘ips and…
"Crush?" Are Sakkilian throat and stomach muscles really so strong and tough they can crush bone? That would partially explain how they can squeeze the relatively large creatures they swallow in.

>I became a bedridden, bloated cow for a week after that.
You guess she couldn't have induced vomiting 'cause that would have made things much worse than being bedridden and riding out the pain. And based on what Belseth said, you really have to wonder why any of the more gluttonous of Sakkilians would ever swallow something half their size if they'd end up so terribly bloated they'd be bedridden afterwards, or at least feeling really lousy.

Yah guys are mostly feather, bones and other ‘ard to digest stuff that’s low on all kind of proteins and stuff.
Well, given how thoroughly unpleasant and nutritionally deficient the experience is, it's unlikely more than a few particularly depraved Sakkilians willingly devoured any Varks live and whole during the war. Now, captured Lorentian humans may be another matter. And this also doesn't rule out in any way them eating non-whole Varks. Given the Sakkilian's cultural stances, you can say it's close to a sure bet that after a battle they butchered the fallen Varks and ate them. Besides it being honorable in their beliefs to eat their fallen foes, it's also an effective way to simultaneously dispose of bodies so they don't rise from ambient magic and feed the troops in a relatively small way.

You also don't know where she got her taste for Vark blood and flesh from. She said she kept forgetting how delicious y'all are, all the way back when she was licking it off her fist after she pummeled that would-be assassin. That kinda indicates she's eaten Vark at least a few times. And you don't think it was from the battlefield 'cause she was only in one battle, the one where your brother Krotos betrayed and nearly killed her.

>Cracked some of my ribs, fractured my stomach and it felt like I nearly starved to death.
"Fractured" her stomach? How can a stomach fracture? Fracturing happens to bone or other hard materials, but a stomach is made of muscle and soft tissues. And it couldn't be "ruptured," 'cause if it'd ruptured she'd be dead.

You're also wondering just what the proper diet for Sakkilians is supposed to be if Bri felt nearly starved to death after a week of digesting that Vark. How long can they go without a solid source of protein before they have issues?

>So, what are your plans for today?
You also need to somehow find out from Tim's students if he was busy with them at the time Xuv was summoned yesterday, in order to rule him out as the one who did it. Oh, and you may want to summon Xuv today as well. Tell her you made love to Bri and ask Xuv what happens now that the Dragon has mated with a Highborn. You could also draw the wards you saw on Belseth and have them out when you summon Xuv so you can ask her what each does and maybe find out which one block's Life's vision.

>and Belseth about his tattoo?
Well, the most direct method to have a look at it would be to ask him to bed, but that's not happening... Yet. Another way would be to meet him and at some point mention that you drew a few of his tattoos for your friend Tim to identify 'cause you were curious about them. You then mentioned this to Bri, and her being her told you both that he had another one tattooed around his genitals and how she knew. Embarrassment will ensue, but after it clears say you're curious what that particular tattoo means and perhaps he could draw it for you.

>and confronting your sister…
Er... For what reason are you confronting your sister?

>and Bri’s favor…
Y'know, you should take care of this sooner rather than later today, and the sooner the better. You know how you get distracted and too many times forget your obligations, like how you forgot you owed Bri a back scrub favor. If things get hectic you're going to forget to do it or get caught up in events and fail to fulfill your favor to her.
>>
No. 722556 ID: 8ec390

>Er... For what reason are you confronting your sister?
We have it on good authority she's playing the subterfuge game, just like both of our less-than-esteemed brothers were. We're trying to convince her to stop before history repeats itself for a third time and Kronos ends up an only child.
>>
No. 722560 ID: 65a774
File 146299328134.png - (36.62KB , 686x526 , 7.png )
722560

>This is an awful lotta sex stuff for an author who staunchly refuses to show such things.
Dammit, you just forced me to try and make badly drawn porn, you bastard! Also, dammit Bri, stop digging deeper all the time! At this rate we’ll never escape this pit of awful sex references!

>.....I know this is a morbid thought but.....maybe that's how Bri's butt and hips got so big? You know that old saying, "A moment on the lips, forever on the hips".
… … …oh gods, why is your first thought to feed her more people to make her hips even firmer!? CLEANSE THESE THOUGHT WITH HOLY FLAME!
>Well, that's good news. She hated doing that, which means she's NEVER going to do it again. So, that means Kronos doesn't have to worry about Bri eating him.
…and her hips won’t be- dammit, brain! Bad!

>"Fractured" her stomach? How can a stomach fracture?
You’re pretty sure she’s exaggerating.
>Blood nothing, it's scandalous enough.
Maybe you should stay away from Belseth completely?
>What? "Fuel?" What the heck kind of necromancy takes people to fuel it? And why use children?
You’re pretty sure they just need dead bodies, bones and other disgusting things for their ritual. Children were probably just easier to transport or something. Or maybe she was exaggerating?
>Start swimming laps in the pool.
This pool isn’t really big enough to swim around in like that.


>It was less than an hour ago, Bri. There were tears. You've played with fire and been burned before, why won't you stop?
:BriannahSB: Because apparently I never learn!
:KronosSB: Don’t say that like it’s a good thing, Bri…
:BriannahSB: I… might admit that I might be a bit self-destructive at times because I can’t believe I deserve good things to happen to me?
:KronosSB: …wait, you do-
:BriannahSB: Or maybe I just a kinky daughter of a bitch that would like nothing more than to see someone I love enjoying themselves?
:KronosSB: ...
>You've got to understand this cannot be good for a relationship, Especially if dating is the line to cross and Belseth is still crushing on me. He's already misunderstood my intentions in that manner once.
:BriannahSB: Kronos, I’m not against yah being with Belseth. I’m against yah being with ‘im without me. So, double date?
:KronosSB: …I don’t think that’s how it works, Bri…
>You should still hear what her punishment would be so you get an idea of how serious the consequences for forfeiting a favor are.
:BriannahSB: Hmm, I’m actually not exactly sure what my punishment would be for you. Definitely something you wouldn’t like happening to you… something that neither of us would like.

>Making your bodyguard even more distracted by her pent up predicament sounds to you like a bad idea.
:BriannahSB: Oh, don’t worry, we still got my bodyguard, don’t we?
>Let's see what Bri has in mind as far as teasing, as long as it isn't too bad...
:BriannahSB: Actually, I was ‘oping yah ‘ad an idea or two.
>So what, ask her to come in and scrub my back once I'm done with you while you step out for a moment then come back in and start scrubbing her back sandwiching her between us?
:BriannahSB: Heh… a bit convoluted, but I like it…
>Then slowly escalate things from scrubbing to a full on threesome.
:BriannahSB: …Really? Yah ‘now, I’ll only consider the favor done if yah’re the one who relive ‘er, but I’m up for some fun on the side. Still, yah might consider a change of scenery if that’s ye plan, eh? I rather ‘ave a proper bed than a tub… and I’m sure she does too.
:KronosSB: But… don’t they usually…?
:BriannahSB: With other of ‘er kind, yes. But we can’t breathe under water, can we? Trust me, I ‘now from experience, a proper bed is better with them than a pool when it comes to interspecies relationships.
>Out of curiosity, ask Bri how much she thinks it would wind Sisah up if you took your tutelage in fellatio while she watched.
:BriannahSB: Oh! Now we are talking! It would drive ‘er mad, let me tell yah!
>And how much more it'd wind her up if she watched Bri taking your anal virginity.
:BriannahSB: … … …yah ‘now what? This is ‘ow we’re going to do it now. Yah’ve winded me up enough with just talking about so we ‘ave to do it. Just ask ‘er to follow us to the apartment and we’ll all set!

>Go on, rattle the snake. Pinch her tail tip and ask her what's got her agitated today even more than she was yesterday.
:SisahSB: S-sir?
:KronosSB: You’re definitely distracted by something, Sisah. What is on your mind?
:SisahSB: Oh… it’s… nothing sir. Nothing I can’t see to myself.
:KronosSB: …does this have anything to do with all the Serpents in the Palace being on the trade fleet by any chance?
:SisahSB: Well… um… kind of? See, sir, I… I’ve been on the field for almost three months before arriving here and… my kind does not handle solitude very well.
:KronosSB: Really? Well, I might just have a solution to that.
>Be direct and ask her if she wants to have sex with you, because you're fully willing to. She just needs to say in what way.
:SisahSB: … … …why do I have a feeling this might be some kind of joke from your wife?
:KronosSB: You’re half right that it’s my wife behind this… but… I have to admit, there is a part of me that actually wants to do this.
:SisahSB: …Only a part? Sir, I… I can’t really accept this. I know that you’re not really-
:BriannahSB: Are you really going to decline a once in a life time deal with a Prince!? A handsome one at that?
:SisahSB: …you know what, fine… I’ll do the things I’ve dreamt about doing to you ever since I got here if you really want me to but… do you really?
:KronosSB: …I believe the safe word is Banana?
:SisahSB: …I’ll take that as a yes.
>>
No. 722561 ID: 65a774
File 146299329641.png - (37.50KB , 686x526 , 8.png )
722561

>>
No. 722562 ID: 65a774
File 146299330398.png - (55.46KB , 686x526 , 9.png )
722562

Well… that just happened…

[Sisah has successfully been... err... has successfully... bred Kronos?]

>We'll write whisper a note or delegate to Cain because chances are it's still pissy at us.
You sent Cain off before heading back to your apartment. He could have talked to whisper by now, so you’ll just need to go talk to him about it.
>Delegate talking to Doxan to Bri.
Which was a waste, as she just turned around and told him to check out the crypt. You have no idea if he’s done with the recon or not.
>Find & confront your sister on our own time.
You definitely need to talk to her about what, exactly, she is up to. You got a feeling you’re out of the loop here.

>You also need to somehow find out from Tim's students if he was busy with them at the time Xuv was summoned yesterday, in order to rule him out as the one who did it.
You can probably just ask them about their schedule… if only you knew where to find them.
>Oh, and you may want to summon Xuv today as well.
Didn’t Tim say he would summon her with or without you today? You better be there when he tries too!
>Ask Belseth about Tattoo.
Note: find a non-awkward way to ask about tattoo.
>Have lunch.
Oh, and let’s not forget your father either… though there is a few hours until then.
>...Y'know, you might get a favor from Bri if you offered to wear a buttplug for a day. It's just an idea to keep in mind.
You’re pretty sure if you mentioned something like that, she would use a favor immediately to make you wear one… hmm… though two can play that game, can’t they?

Now, with this whole favor thing behind you for now at least, it’s time to do something a bit more important… but where to start?
>>
No. 722563 ID: 47160d

Eh wasn't that bad, and oi Kronos how did ya like it? Also how content are you with your ability to act if you did like it because if you ever say you did to Bri you will never get to use anything else again 0_0
>>
No. 722564 ID: a22f87

wasn't Sisah female (as in she was a carrier not an egg layer)?

Anyways of all the stuff you have to do today which one is the most time sensitive? If none really stand out just do which ever one is closest.
>>
No. 722565 ID: 16b6a5

Let's start with the most important detail right now: Can You Walk?

As for the Tatoos: Tell Doxan that you have seen those symbols in churches and such, yet hardly ever seen tatoos such as those. Ask him to show you each while saying what they do, when he has the time of course, and if he wants (Being completely oblivious that he has one in his crotch). Unless you want to still do another of the request of Brianah for extra points! That's still an option, right?

As for what has priority, I would say that paying a visit to your dear sister may be on top of the list.
>>
No. 722567 ID: 2a7417

>Maybe you should stay away from Belseth completely?
Don't push away a friend, just CLEANSE THOSE THOUGHTS WITH HOLY FIRE.
>>
No. 722571 ID: 8ec390

I would have recommended something non penetrative while Bri used her tail, but I guess now we know where you want to be in these things.

I doubt you'll feel like you're on the moral ground high enough to confront your sister after that escapade, so let's wrap things up with Cain and Doxan, then drop by Tim's place.
>>
No. 722572 ID: 5ad4a7

If we run into Belseth it might be productive to discuss the matter directly, but yeah we should probably get moving on the business side of things today.
>>
No. 722654 ID: 91ee5f

>[Sisah has successfully been... err... has successfully... bred Kronos?]
Wait, does this mean she laid eggs in your butt? Does this mean that you're pregnant now?

>… … …oh gods, why is your first thought to feed her more people to make her hips even firmer!?
>…and her hips won’t be- dammit, brain! Bad!
Well, at least we know you like her hips. But, uh, no feeding people to your wife to make her hips firmer. That's just wrong. And after what happened last time she ate someone, she's going to say no.
>CLEANSE THESE THOUGHTS WITH HOLY FLAME!
One Holy Flamethrower, coming right up!
*fwoosh*
Your thoughts are now being cleansed.
.....by the five, there's too many dirty thoughts! We're being overwhelmed! The Holy Flamethrower can't hold them back for much longer! AAAAUUGH!!!!! *dies* X_X
>>
No. 722658 ID: 094652

... Are you going to be okay? I don't think you're going to be okay.

Look, just make up some story about how you were trying to smash a watermelon and somehow something something ass. Then GET A DOCTOR.

EGGS GO INTO RITUAL or just draw a ritual circle on your butt and FIRE. LOTS OF FIRE.
>>
No. 722667 ID: db0098

Holy fire? More like we need a HOLY NAPALM STRIKE.
>>
No. 722671 ID: 5ad4a7

I'm sure he's fine and Varkian butts are really stretchy because eggs or something.
>>
No. 722684 ID: 8ec390

>>722671
also 'experimentation'.

... seriously, you look like you need another shower.
>>
No. 722719 ID: c43722

Well, after that you have to feel you kinda jumped into the deep end of butt stuff right off. Bri pegging you first with a small-ish strap-on was one thing, but it didn't really prepare you for what Sisah would be like. Especially after she was so riled up from Bri's fellatio instruction and her riding your ass. You didn't think her ovipositor would get as wide as it did once her eggs started coming. And coming. And then coming some more. Dang, just how many eggs was it in the end? Considering you're feeling rather bloated now, it's no wonder she was so distracted before. You can definitely say it was real intense and enjoyable overall, but your rear definitely feels rather bruised and sore for it.

Give Bri a kiss and ask her how she liked that, then share how you felt about it. Then tell her that you think this is the most firsts in bed you've ever had. First time getting pegged. First time getting anal. First time with a ovale Serpens. First time getting filled with Serpens eggs. Jokingly say you have a feeling there's going to be quite a few more "firsts" in your future since she's in your life. Then ask Sisah how she liked it and that you hope she feels much better now. Then comment that you were not prepared for how big she'd get and that your rear is feeling rather beat up. You think you might have to get some ointment or something for it so you'll be able to sit. Still, tell her that you liked it overall and anytime she feels a bit pent up again you'd be glad to help her take care of it if she wants. She just has to ask.

As for how to start the rest of the day... Well, first find out if you can still walk after all that, then if you can walk without it being apparent your rear is as sore as it is. Then it's a trip to the bathroom to get rid of the eggs in you, followed by a shower. Preferably a shower with all three of you so can all help each other wash up quicker. Then check if Cain or Doxan have gotten back and what they have to report. After that, check in with Tim and at least get when he'd prefer to do the ritual so you don't miss it.

You should also keep in mind that at some point you want to talk with Sisah in private about her past. About how no merc would do as much and sacrifice as much of herself for mere money. And you still have the question hanging over your head of what Cain is lying to you about and keeping secret from you. You don't know how you can approach that one. Xuv said if Cain felt you were responsible enough you could just ask him, but with all your irresponsible behavior you don't know if you could ever show you were responsible now. Maybe if you could catch him out in his lies?

>You can probably just ask them about their schedule… if only you knew where to find them.
Aren't they usually with Tim during the day? Well, you know from yesterday that they take their lunch in the early afternoon, so perhaps you could catch one of them leaving Tim's study then.

>You definitely need to talk to her about what, exactly, she is up to. You got a feeling you’re out of the loop here.
The problem is Kara's schedule is so packed every day you don't know if she'd be able to get any time with her. But she's most likely to be free at meal times, so maybe she could come to lunch with you, Bri and your father. It'd be nice to introduce Bri to her and show that you do care for Bri. Then you can take Kara aside afterwards to talk in private.

>You’re pretty sure if you mentioned something like that, she would use a favor immediately to make you wear one… hmm… though two can play that game, can’t they?
You probably wouldn't have to use a favor to get Bri to wear a buttplug all day if you asked her to after you were already wearing one. And after your experience with Sisah your rear is feeling a mite too tender to wear one for the rest of today. Better just keep this idea in your back pocket for another day.

>With other of ‘er kind, yes. But we can’t breathe under water, can we?
...You'll have to remember to ask Tim if there's ways to use air runes or other magical means to breathe underwater.

>Kronos, I’m not against yah being with Belseth. I’m against yah being with ‘im without me. So, double date?
Actually... Y'know, that might work. Ask Belseth to have a dinner date with you and Bri. Let him know that you and Bri are a package deal, so to speak. He'll have to take her along with you. Then perhaps you could use that to tamp down their rivalry with each other... Or perhaps egg it on when they're in bed with you. Get them to try and one up each other...
>>
No. 722720 ID: 0da39e

aah poor Belseth got left out:(
We need to fix this terrible over site as soon as possible.

wait didn't Bre say we only needed to do one of those options? We just did two of them 'badum tsh'
Does this mean Bre owes us a favor or are you gonna let this one slide.
>>
No. 722727 ID: c43722

>>722720
...Yeah, it is a shame Belseth couldn't have been in on this as well. ...And now Kronos is imagining all the possible combinations of him, Sisah Bri, Bel, their tails together, and Bri's "toy chest." ...Holy fuck, that's a whole lot of possibilities. He'd need a notebook to keep them straight.

And Bri did agree (back in >>722405) that if Kronos did two of her options she'd give him another favor, and if he did all three she'd wipe away all her favors. She currently has four favors. She also said she'd give "extra points" if it was Bel's dick pounding Kronos' butt, so that may be another favor from her. ...But I have a feeling if Kronos is closing in on doing all three options Bri may just use all her favors at once.
>>
No. 722937 ID: c43722

Hey, remember how when you asked Bri to dance before dinner a few nights ago and she dodged it with a lame excuse that her feet hurt? Ask her why she didn't want to dance. Is it that she'd inexperienced or bad at it and didn't want to embarrass herself, or she just doesn't like to. Say you're asking because you'd like to take dancing lessons with her. You'd like her to know how to dance so you can dance romantically with her, both in private and in public for all to see how close you are. And besides, eventually you two are going to have to attend a ball or such like where you're expected to dance together, your wedding being the primary event that'd fall into that category. So better to learn at her pace then have to take a crash course before the event, right?
>>
No. 723166 ID: 65a774
File 146324667490.png - (33.21KB , 686x526 , 10.png )
723166

>Can You Walk?
You’re pretty sure these two ladies didn’t plow you hard enough to make you a cripple, so yes. Sitting on the other hand… hope they have pillowed chairs at lunch…
>...Are you going to be okay? I don't think you're going to be okay.
You’re fine, if a bit sore. She wasn’t that rough… and they weren’t that big either… and… err…
>GET A DOCTOR.
Now you’re just overreacting.

>oi Kronos how did ya like it?
…you hate to admit it, but you’re actually looking forward to the next time…
>How confident are you with your ability to act if you did like it because if you ever say you did to Bri you will never get to experience anything else ever again.
She was there the whole time… in fact; you’re pretty sure she saw what you thought about it when she “introduced” the concept to with that tail of hers.
>I would have recommended something non penetrative while Bri used her tail…
It’s started with a tail and fingers… then a toy…
>Well, after that you have to feel you kinda jumped into the deep end of butt stuff right off.
And all the sudden there were eggs everywhere! You definitely accidently fell into the deep end of the pool here… luckily, you apparently like to swim.

>Wait, does this mean she laid eggs in your butt? Does this mean that you're pregnant now?
You’re pretty sure you’re not the proper place for those eggs to grow in… not to mention that they aren’t fertilized. Which is good, as you’re definitely not ready to be the “father” to the half dozen she laid in there…
>Then it's a trip to the bathroom.
According to the ladies, you’re supposed to let it take its course and not force it. You’re not sure if they are actually giving you advice or just want you to feel bloated for the rest of the day.
>Seriously, you look like you need another shower.
Oh, that you definitely need.


>Give Bri a kiss and ask her how she liked that.
:BriannahSB: Mmm… watching someone yah care about getting pounded while moaning for more? Oh, it was amazing… and going by the mess yah made yeself, yah loved it too, eh?
:KronosSB: Ugh… I don’t think Naamah will be happy about what we did to the bed so soon after she finished here this morning…
:BriannahSB: …Who?
:KronosSB: Oh, just… the servant that makes my bed, that’s all.
:SisahSB: …you honestly remember the name of the servant who makes your bed!? Why?
:KronosSB: …err… so I can give her a bonus when she makes it just the way I want it and makes sure I got just the amount of pillows and stuff that I like?
:SisahSB: …really? I… I’ve never worked for a someone of your stature before that remember any servants names at all…
>Then ask Sisah how she liked it and that you hope she feels much better now.
:SisahSB: Well, I do believe we have a really old saying for something like this sir, a saying I believe will help me put my current emotions to words… it goes “Holy Fuck, I needed that!”.
>Tell her that you liked it overall and anytime she feels a bit pent up again you'd be glad to help her take care of it if she wants. She just has to ask.
:SisahSB: I… I shouldn’t really force you to commit yourself like that, sir.
:BriannahSB: Aw, but yah saw ‘ow much ‘e liked it~
:SisahSB: But I guess if your wife agree too it in the future…
>Does this mean Bri owes us a favor or are you gonna let this one slide?
:BriannahSB: Fine, fine, another favor for yah… geez, yah got a ton of them now, don’t yah? Time to use them up, ‘ubby!
>Ask Bri why she didn't want to dance.
:BriannahSB: D-dance? Oh, err… I’m not a good dancer, Love. Two left feet, yah see… or… one left footed peg leg and one left leg made out of metal, eh?
:KrononsSB: But I want to dance with you… maybe we should get an instructor?
:BriannahSB: I… I don’t really… *Sigh* if yah want to, I will try. But just so yah ‘now, I’m a terrible dancer… I mean really terrible.
:KronosSB: I’m sure you’ll do just fine, Bri.
:BriannahSB: If yah believe in my… maybe I will, my little dove.
>>
No. 723167 ID: 65a774
File 146324668519.png - (39.65KB , 686x526 , 11.png )
723167

>No feeding people to your wife to make her hips firmer. That's just wrong.
Then why do your thoughts keep returning to it! MAKE IT GO AWAY!
>One Holy Flamethrower, coming right up!
It’s not working! WE NEED MORE POWER!
>Holy fire? More like we need a HOLY NAPALM STRIKE.
EVERYTHING MUST BE PURGED IN FLAMES!
>I have a feeling if Kronos is closing in on doing all three options Bri may just use all her favors at once.
…then you simply need to stop her, don’t you? You’re pretty sure if you call her out on it as soon as she tries, you’ll be able to stop her in her tracks. After all, the reward would be useless if she could just use all her favors at once like that.
>I doubt you'll feel like you're on the moral ground high enough to confront your sister after that escapade.
You’re pretty sure you’ve done more morally objectionable things than having your butt stuffed. Of course, if you have the moral high ground or not depend entirely on what exactly your sister has been up to.

>Don't push away a friend, just CLEANSE THOSE THOUGHTS WITH HOLY FIRE.
Yes, he’s still a friend… a cute friend that’s… a friend…
>As for the Tattoos: Tell Belseth that you have seen those symbols in churches and such, yet hardly ever seen tattoos such as those. Ask him to show you each while saying what they do, when he has the time of course, and if he wants.
You’re pretty sure he won’t show off the tattoo you’re interested in if you ask him like this.
>Ask Belseth to have a dinner date with you and Bri. Let him know that you and Bri are a package deal, so to speak.
A dinner with Belseth would be nice… but… you’re not entirely sure how you feel about all this… about Bri and Belseth together. They are… at least to public eye, siblings, no? But… they aren’t by neither blood nor emotions… you know what your loins want… but what does your heart tell you?
>Anyways of all the stuff you have to do today which one is the most time sensitive?
You’re going to guess that would be meeting your sister, as she will not have a lot of time to spare. Of course, you have no idea when, exactly, she has time to spare either. Other than that, there’s the lunch with Poppa… but that’s still a few hours away.


>Check if Cain or Doxan have gotten back and what they have to report.
:CainSB: Ah, good morning sir. I was just on my way to make some ten o’clock tea for you, sir.
:BriannahSB: oh, tea!
:KronosSB: That would be delightful, Cain, but I have to ask about Whisper.
:CainSB: It was quite pleased that you will replace the plant, as well as looking forward to the promised dinner, sir. It also said that you were indeed correct, that there is an area where the fauna has been acting a bit strangely. As it told me, last year and before that there was this area where nearly nothing really grew good, the trees all became short and flower never really bloomed… but this year everything has been growing like crazy there.
:KronosSB: Really? Hmm… does that mean… where exactly is this area?
:CainSB: A bit north of the pond your father usually visit, sir.
:KronosSB: North of the… wait… isn’t that almost right across from the crypt?
:CainSB: …it’s possible, sir.
:KronosSB: Which means… if you would draw a line between the palace, the crypt, the temple and that place… it would become a symmetrical diamond, wouldn’t it?
:BriannahSB: Symmetrical? Really? So yah mean it is constructed like this on purpose?
:CainSB: …I’m sure the diamond shape will explain everything sir… was there anything else?
:KronosSB: Oh, and can you ask Doxan if he was able to check the door if you see him?
:CainSB: You can ask him yourself, sir, as soon as he decide to stop hanging from the ceiling.
:DoxanSB: Wait, ‘ow did yah-
:CainSB: It called looking up, my lord?
:DoxanSB: But I… never mind… why yes, my prince, I was able to check out the crypt for yah. The bad news is that they ‘ave increased the security around it. Three guard as well as an extra patrol passing by, not to mention the extra lock. The even worse news is that the door yah asked me to look at ‘as seen better days. Even with a key it would be impossible to unlock it… but the good news is that I don’t need to unlock it to open it. Of course, as soon as I open it up, yah won’t be able to lock it ever again.
:BriannahSB: Well, if no one was using the door anyway…
>The problem is Kara's schedule is so packed every day you don't know if she'd be able to get any time with her.
:CainSB: I do believe she might be available for a few minutes soon, sir. But if you want more time I guess I can try to find a window for you on the afternoon?
:KronosSB: Lunch maybe?
:CainSB: I believe she will have a lunch meeting with a few nobles, sir.

:CainSB: Oh, and sir? I have two proclamations for you to hear. Do you want the abridged versions as usual?
:KronosSB: Of course.
:CainSB: The first states that the King will now officially step down from the throne and let the new Queen be crowned; which is to say your sister, Kira.
:KronosSB: …I knew he’s talked about it but… this soon?
:BriannahSB: After what ‘appen to ye brother, ‘e probably desire nothing else but to leave the stress as King.
:KronosSB: I guess…
:CainSB: The other message states that your brother, the Former prince, will be held in court and judged tomorrow at noon. He will be brought before the new Queen herself and be sentenced by a council of 21, made out of both Varkians as well as Sakkilians. Both of your presences are mandatory.
:KronosSB: Tomorrow?
:BriannahSB: They don’t want to waste any time, I’m guessing.
:KronosSB: Still… I can’t believe my own brother…
>>
No. 723175 ID: 91ee5f

Well, if you want Bri's hips to be firmer THAT badly, I'm sure there are quite a few desserts here that she's never heard of before and you can introduce them to her! Ice creams, pies, cakes, you get the idea.

>Brother's trial.
I think one of his punishments should be for his mustache to be removed.
>>
No. 723209 ID: 8ec390

>Then why do your thoughts keep returning to it!
Total lack of moral compass? Fraternizing with condemned gods, conspirators and pseudo-cannibals will do that.
>you know what your loins want… but what does your heart tell you?
How about your brain? It says 'don't listen to your loins you imbicile'.

>Former prince, will be held in court and judged tomorrow at noon... Both of your presences are mandatory.
Oh shit. You're the one who ordered Qelba locked up. Anybody who has it in for you can claim you were complacent in the conspiracy!
> Still… I can’t believe my own brother…
Save your disbelief for when you're out of the woods. You need to take the wind out of your sister's sails before she starts throwing her weight around at the sarcasm-quotes trial tomorrow.
>>
No. 723248 ID: 973861

well might as well let your cooks or whatever cooks will be making the gardner's diner tonight know about the diner so they can prepare.

Lunch with dad is still a bit of a way away so we don't really need to worry about that but at least now we have something to talk about and as for meeting our sister I say we should try to pencil something in later today as to get more time with her as I feel we're going to need more then 10 minutes to talk about how things are progressing.
>>
No. 723347 ID: f562b1

>A bit north of the pond your father usually visit, sir.
>Which means… if you would draw a line between the palace, the crypt, the temple and that place… it would become a symmetrical diamond, wouldn’t it?
Does that diamond center on the pond? I wonder if there's something special about the pond but if the pond is actually outside of the diamond then it's probably not important.

>I think one of his punishments should be for his mustache to be removed.
Hahah yes.
>>
No. 723386 ID: 383472

>I think one of his punishments should be for his mustache to be removed.
YES! YES!

>you know what your loins want… but what does your heart tell you?
um your heart also tells you that you like Belsy and if you give him a chance something more may develop

And we should really look into the pond diamond thing, maybe see what the actual shape is and see what arcane/ancient symbols use it.
>>
No. 723515 ID: c43722

Yeah, it's still unbelievable that your brother did what he did. You just don't know how he could have been twisted so by the encounter that cost him his eye. You should find out just what happened then. Just how his compassion was rewarded by children that day. Also ask Cain what the exact charges leveled against Karas are, as written on the proclamation. You know the charge of attempting to murder you is trumped up, since the testimony of the guards should have indicated Karas very much didn't want you dead. And you know the evidence in his chest's secret compartment that he plotted to poison Briannah was planted there 'cause Bri was "poisoned" by Doxan, so if there's a charge of that it's bogus. But what other crimes is he being charged with?

Don't get ahead of yourself with spotting that diamond shape. Your mind may be making connections that aren't actually there. You should get a scale plan of the gardens to mark out and measure between the points to see if they actually are equidistant. And keep in mind the palace and the Grand Temple have been here for a long, long time, with parts added and torn down over their existances, so you don't know just where to place the point in them... Actually, if it's a symmetrical diamond, you can figure the positions out just from the distance between the crypt and the overgrown spot. Now you just need to figure what point in the crypt to use. It's like the seal you saw, but it could be the crypt entrance. But once you get the position and mark the lines, you should investigate the palace basement where those lines enter it. There may be a tunnel to either of those points you could use, though it's probably blocked up.

Ask Doxan what directions does he remember the tunnels in the crypt went relative to the entrance. Which way does the door he looked at go? You'd use your own memories, but you don't know how much they were messed up by hallucinations from the toxic spores. And once you get the garden plans you can get him to mark them down for you.

>As it told me, last year and before that there was this area where nearly nothing really grew good, the trees all became short and flower never really bloomed… but this year everything has been growing like crazy there.
Did Whispers say that things grew normally there before the year before last? Because if it did, then plants growing poorly there for two years may also be a clue. And the area has been abnormally fertile all year? But Tim said that the midnight magic pulses have only been going on for a few weeks. Maybe whatever they're doing was raising the ambient raw magic level there even before the pulses. ...Which may explain how the earth elemental was able to reproduce here, while there's been no sign of other elementals doing so elsewhere.

You get the feelinmg that Cain is thinking you're being impulsive and going off chasing imagined things again. Better take him aside and tell him why you think this overgrown patch is important. That Tim mentioned that there's been pulses of raw magic from the Grand Temple most nights these past few weeks and it's likely connected with what the Archbishop is up to. And so you thought that all the magic would make the plants grow strangely, giving away it's location. ...But Tim said it came from the direction of the Grand Temple, and if you draw a line from the palace to the patch in the garden doesn't point towards the Grand Temple. Maybe he was making a estimate of the location. You'll have to see if Tim has any discreet methods he could use to detect high magic levels, then send him out to the patch in the garden.

Tell Cain that you realize you've been neglecting to ask his council on these matters around the prayer book rituals and that you've been rather reckless and irresponsible and you're sorry for that. You want to hear what he thinks about this whole mess and what he thinks you should do.

Oh, and before you forget, tell Cain to arrange for dancing lessons for Bri and you. Novice lessons. With a very patient instructor. And with a medic nearby the first few sessions in case you get a crushed toe.

>The even worse news is that the door yah asked me to look at ‘as seen better days.
You don't suppose Doxan could give you an estimate on how old the lock is, or how old the door is.

>Of course, as soon as I open it up, yah won’t be able to lock it ever again.
Ask Doxan how noisy his door opening methods are, if he could discreetly fuse the hinges as well so it can't be opened, and which direction the door opens. If it opens into the crypt you can just hammer some wedges between it and its frame to jam it shut from the other side. And you better make sure that this door goes where you think it goes, to the Grand Temple, and not elsewhere. It's unlikely, but it may just lead down into Xuv's prison, and busting it open will let her out, or at least lead to the door of Xuv's prison.

Belseth mentioned that there's a Catacombs of the Godless under the Grand Temple, along with the Royal Crypts. You should get some more info on them. They may just be the final resting place for those who don't follow the Risavian faith, but it's also possible they're connected to something old. Something from the previous age that the Archbishop needs for her plan.

>Ugh… I don’t think Naamah will be happy about what we did to the bed so soon after she finished here this morning…
You should write her a short note saying you're sorry for making extra work for her and how much you appreciate the job she does. Then send the note along with a bonus for this time and another bonus for what must have been a major job cleaning up and making your bed after last night with Bri. ...And you have a feeling that you'll be making Naamah quite a bit more wealthy with all the bonuses you'll be giving her for cleaning your bed up after you and Bri.

>you know what your loins want… but what does your heart tell you?
...It tells you that you should keep your relationship with Belseth separate from Bri, both for scandal reasons and that they get along rather like oil and water. And that you'd really like to have dinner with him and see where your relationship with him goes from there. And that you should send him a note asking him if he could meet you some time this afternoon. Then you can talk with him face to face and tell him you'd like dinner with him. And it tells you you should talk to Bri about this at some point before you meet Belseth.

>Then why do your thoughts keep returning to it! MAKE IT GO AWAY!
...Because you have a unhealthy fascination with Bri's ample behind and fantasize of ways to make it even more glorious. Which, frankly, just won't happen with her eating people, especially not members of your bony-ass species. She got the way she is by eating livestock, not people. Likely with copious quantities of rump roast and pork butt. Hehehe. Anyway, with the rich food she's going to partake of on her own just living in the palace, you can figure her hips, butt, thighs and tail are going to put on extra padding even with her exercise routine. However, if you try to get her to eat extra it probably won't work out the way you like. Remember, it's the ratio between the size of her butt, hips and thighs and the rest of her that you find so alluring, and you don't know where the extra food would likely end up landing on her. Besides, it would be wrong to secretly try to fatten Bri's rump up for your own physical desires, and it feels bad when you think about deceiving Bri.

You should take Bri aside and tell her that your mother used to call you "my little dove." Tell her that you're fine with her calling you that and that you feel she's worthy to. You just want her to know that when she calls you that in front of your sister and especially your father that she may get a Look from them and that you two will have to explain it.

Also ask Bri if there's any food so big she has to unhinge her jaw to swallow that she enjoys enough to have to do that for. Because if there are some she likes to, you think you should see her swallow one so you can get over your fear of it so she can be free to eat that way in front of you without worry you'll freak out.

Ask Bri if she'd agree to you tying a pretty little bow near the tip of her tail for her to wear today, just 'cause you think it'd look cute on her.

You should put off meeting with your sister until this afternoon. You don't know how the heck you're going to broach the subject of her subterfuge with her, but you figure it's going to take more than the five minute hallway meeting you could get this morning.

Send a note to Tim asking him when he'd like you to come around for what you postponed from yesterday. And ask Cain to find out just where Tim was yesterday around the time that you and Belseth came here to play Regicide. But also plan to catch one of Tim's apprentices without Cain knowing and ask them if they were with Tim at that time. If Cain's report doesn't match, then you'll know he's lying to you and can use that if and when you confront him.

And since you have a couple hours until lunch, and a bit of time until you get replies from your notes, now would be a decent time for Bri to tell you what you used your favor to find out. That is, if she's gathered her thoughts well enough together. And since you can send Sisah away while you're here, you two will have privacy.
>>
No. 723758 ID: 65a774
File 146342642579.png - (53.75KB , 686x526 , 12.png )
723758

>Total lack of moral compass? Fraternizing with condemned gods, conspirators and pseudo-cannibals will do that.
You still have a moral compass! …it’s just… a bit crocked at the moment…
>If you want Bri's hips to be firmer THAT badly, I'm sure there are quite a few desserts here that she's never heard of before and you can introduce them to her!
Oh, that’s a dangerous game to play. You don’t want her to actually become overweight, now do you?
>How about your brain? It says 'don't listen to your loins you imbecile'.
You already know what your mind is telling you. That’s why you aren’t listening to your loins in the first place!
>...It tells you that you should keep your relationship with Belseth separate from Bri, both for scandal reasons and that they get along rather like oil and water.
They are getting along a bit better after they tried to stop being so hostile to each other… but still…
>Your heart also tells you that you like Belsy and if you give him a chance something more may develop.
You do like him… but… gods, why does everything have to be so complicated!?

>I think one of his punishments should be for his mustache to be removed.
You’re pretty sure whatever punishment he will receive will be far harsher than that. He might get a lifetime house-arrest in some remote mansion at best… or exile at worse…
>Oh shit. You're the one who ordered Qelba locked up. Anybody who has it in for you can claim you were complacent in the conspiracy!
You’re pretty sure if they believe you were working with your brother you would have already been arrested.
>Save your disbelief for when you're out of the woods. You need to take the wind out of your sister's sails before she starts throwing her weight around at the sarcasm-quotes trial tomorrow.
Hopefully, your sister hasn’t fallen into the madness that claimed both of your brothers. Hopefully…


>Ask Cain what the exact charges leveled against Karas are, as written on the proclamation.
:CainSB: It doesn’t go into details but… Murder, attempted murder, manslaughter, conspiracy to commit murder, embezzlement, slavery, treason, high-treason and… not to sound redundant but treason against the crown. Even without the details that does paint a rather interesting picture, no?
:KronosSB: Oh… that’s… that’s definitely a bit above “Remove mustache as punishment”, isn’t it…
>I say we should try to pencil something in later today as to get more time with her as I feel we're going to need more than 10 minutes to talk about how things are progressing.
:CainSB: I’ll see if I can book a meeting with her, sir.
>might as well let your cooks or whatever cooks will be making the gardener’s diner tonight know about the diner so they can prepare.
:CainSB: I’ve already given them the task, sir.

>You get the feeling that Cain is thinking you're being impulsive and going off chasing imagined things again. Better take him aside and tell him why you think this overgrown patch is important.
:CainSB: Magic, sir?
:KronosSB: Tim told me that he’s detected strange pulses of it for the last few weeks.
:CainSB: …and you’re looking for the source because…?
:KronosSB: Because I think it might be connected to what the Arch-Bishop is up to.
:CainSB: …you didn’t actually answer my question, sir…
>Tell Cain that you realize you've been neglecting to ask his council on these matters around the prayer book rituals and that you've been rather reckless and irresponsible and you're sorry for that.
:CainSB: If you still want my council, sir, then I would advise that you just forget about all of this and went on with your duties as a Prince. You’re not supposed to go around and summon old gods or some such; you’re supposed to be a pillar piece of the nation, sir… or at least a small post and not a bottle of acid…
>Tell Cain to arrange for dancing lessons for Bri and you. Novice lessons. With a very patient instructor.
:BriannahSB: W-wait, we’re really g-going to-
:CainSB: At once, sir!
>Send a note to Tim asking him when he'd like you to come around for what you postponed from yesterday.
:CainSB: I’ll make sure it will be delivered, sir.
>And ask Cain to find out just where Tim was yesterday around the time that you and Belseth came here to play Regicide.
:CainSB: Hmm… I believe he had class at the time? He usually does on the day of the stars… but I’ll make sure to double check, sir.

>Ask Doxan what directions he remembers the tunnels in the crypt went relative to the entrance. Which way does the door he looked at go?
:DoxanSB: To the Grand Temple, of course.
>You don't suppose Doxan could give you an estimate on how old the lock is, or how old the door is.
:DoxanSB: I’m not a locksmith… or an artifact scholar, ye lordship.
>Ask Doxan how noisy his door opening methods are, if he could discreetly fuse the hinges as well so it can't be opened, and which direction the door opens.
:DoxanSB: I will be as soundless as the deepest darkness, my lord… and I’m sure I can make it look like the door was never touched. I’m not entirely sure which direction it goes, though… I wasn’t able to spot any ‘inges.

>You should take Bri aside and tell her that your mother used to call you "my little dove."
:BriannahSB: Really? I didn’t- sorry…
:KronosSB: No, it’s fine… so long as you don’t use it in front of my family.
>Also ask Bri if there's any food so big she has to unhinge her jaw to swallow that she enjoys enough to have to do that for.
:BriannahSB: … … …wait, why do yah… do yah want to… Kronos, really? Now yah really starting to sound like Doxan, yah ‘now. But if yah want to see me eat, then I’ll eat!
>Ask Bri if she'd agree to you tying a pretty little bow near the tip of her tail for her to wear today, just 'cause you think it'd look cute on her.
:BriannahSB: A bow? Why, that will cost a favor!
:KronosSB: But-
:BriannahSB: Yah ‘ave tons of them! Use them, dammit! So, do yah want the bow or not? Just one favor!
:KronosSB: I… um…
>And since you have a couple hours until lunch, and a bit of time until you get replies from your notes, now would be a decent time for Bri to tell you what you used your favor to find out.
:BriannahSB: Huh? Wha- oh… Oh, right… I… I don’t really want to… not now, Kronos… Later, I promise.


>We should really look into the pond diamond thing, maybe see what the actual shape is.
You ask Cain to fetch a map of the palace grounds for you and he retrieves a rather simple one at a moment’s notice. While it lacks details, it will be enough to get the general shape of things. Drawing a line between the palaces, the crypt, the temple and the location Cain pointed out you get… a square? While it might not be a perfect square in real life it’s… this can’t be a coincidence, can it?
>Does that diamond center on the pond?
The pond is outside the square… the center of the garden on the other hand...
>Belseth mentioned that there's a Catacombs of the Godless under the Grand Temple, along with the Royal Crypts. You should get some more info on them.
You definitely want more information about that... but you’ll need to do research on your own for that. Finding the information you seek in the library will probably take more time than you have before lunch… but you can always take a break in the middle, can’t you? Hmm… or maybe you should find Belseth and ask him directly? …or Elete? Or perhaps someone else? There is bound to be people that know about it somewhere…
>>
No. 723761 ID: 4854ef

I think she really wants us to start using our favors.. Maybe it's time to start actually using them!
>>
No. 723762 ID: 094652

> Large ritual area
I think you need to find the pylons soon, or they'll start siphoning soul energy from everyone in the capital.

> Bow
Have her "stuff her bra" with a giant bow on her chest.

Talk to Tim about what he found, then look for Elete (and the catacombs in the Temple) as the distraction while you send Doxan and Cain inside as a tag-team to look for anything else inside.
>>
No. 723765 ID: 91ee5f

>Oh, that’s a dangerous game to play. You don’t want her to actually become overweight, now do you?
Alright, fine. You don't have to. But in all seriousness, most of the food here is probably something she doesn't get back home, so if she wants it, then let her have it. Just put a limit on the desserts.
>… … …wait, why do yah… do yah want to… Kronos, really? Now yah really starting to sound like Doxan, yah ‘now. But if yah want to see me eat, then I’ll eat!
Good, that'll really help Kronos overcome his fear of Sakkilians! But it does bring up a few questions on Doxan. Why does he enjoy it when Bri is eating? And is it only when she eats or is it when she unhinges her jaw to eat that he enjoys?

>W-wait, we’re really g-going to-
"Yes, we're going to learn to dance together. Even though I'm vertically challenged."
I just thought of something! If Bri learned how to bellydance, then her hips would be hypnotic to watch! What do you think about that, Kronos? XD

>Bri wearing a bow on her tail.
Yes! Use that favor Kronos! And she's right, you do need to use them!
>>
No. 723774 ID: a22f87

give Bri a nice puffy red bow to tie to her tail. and since we have so many damn favors think we should us one so she will actually show up to her dancing lessons no mater how slowly they might go?

>If you still want my council, sir, then I would advise that you just forget about all of this and went on with your duties as a Prince.
yeah it's a little late for that. I mean with the fact that Xuv actively seeks you out whenever she gets the chance, life breathing down our necks to find this new god, the arch bishop trying to pull something off and seems that (s)he wants to involve us in it... yeah just a little late to just walk away at this point. You don't need to tell him all of this of course just pointing it out.

Anyways thank both Cain and Doxan for there work and ask Cain to let you know when he's found a dance instructor for Bri. Then we could probably head out to the courtyard and try and take a closer look at things ourselves until it's time to have lunch with dad.
>>
No. 723795 ID: 8ec390

>…it’s just… a bit crocked at the moment…
More like 'croaked'.
> embezzlement, slavery
Whoa, what? That's new and disturbing.
> He might get a lifetime house-arrest in some remote mansion at best… or exile at worse…
Maybe if dear 'ol dad was handing down the judgement. Your sister on the other hand might have his 'stache removed at the neck.
>forget about all of this and went on with your duties as a Prince.
Duties? I was under the impression everyone was to keep responsibilities of all kinds as far from you as possible.
>Yah ‘ave tons of them! Use them, dammit!
The idea of strong-arming the people I care about over the littlest things isn't that attractive to me, Bri, and being obstinate isn't attractive on you.
>>
No. 723803 ID: c43722

>>723761
>>723762
>>723765
>>723774
No, don't use a favor for something as wholly frivolous as this! Don't you see why Bri is being so insistent about these favors being used? Why she set the price for tying a bow to her tail as high as one? She wants them to be spent in the way that she wants. In a controlled, safe, and comfortable way for her, such as used frivolously, like that piggyback ride was, or sexually, which for most things she'd likely do without a favor. But the reason she wants them used this way is because she considers these favors, consciously or subconsciously, a danger. Especially after one was used to get her to, at some point, tell the truth of how she actually lost her virginity. She fears them because they can be used to get her to reveal her past, her memories, her deep and dark thoughts. To bring forth painful, hard parts of her history she doesn't want to or can't bear to face that she's buried under her facade of control. Ones she wasn't strong enough to face alone before. But they're ones she'll have to face if she'll ever be free of them. And with a loving husband at her side to help her face and bear them, she can.

But at the least, use the favors for something more substantial than tying a cute bow to Bri's tail for a day. They're worth more than that. And don't fold before any of Bri's arm twisting to use them either.
>>
No. 723857 ID: 91ee5f

>>723803
That's a good theory, but favors have already been explained back in Thread 1. Favors are part of Bri's culture and the favors are then used to either learn more about the partner or generally something sexual in nature. Kronos not using his favors is just a little culture clash that Bri still hasn't gotten used to. Asking her to wear a bow on her tail can probably be considered as "something sexual in nature", which is perfectly reasonable for her to ask us to use a favor. However, you're right, favors can get her to tell us about her past, but I think she doesn't want to tell Kronos because she wants to do it privately between just her and him. And because they're not alone, she's not telling. We'll have to ask about her past again when it's just her and Kronos.
>>
No. 723910 ID: c43722

>>723857
Yeah, I did read that description of how favors work, but I don't think it's a culture clash is the reason Bri is acting this way. If it's that Sakkilian couples are supposed to use up their favors relatively quickly, or just when they've built up too many, then why hasn't Bri used hers up sooner? Of the one big and five normal size favors she's gotten, she still has three normal size favors banked. Meanwhile Kronos has gotten five favors overall and still has three left. So while technically Kronos has used one less favor than Bri has, I wouldn't think that's enough if a difference to warrant getting on his ass for hoarding favors.

>Asking her to wear a bow on her tail can probably be considered as "something sexual in nature", which is perfectly reasonable for her to ask us to use a favor.
Er, what...? I just thought it'd be a cute juxtaposition that this big, strong, imposing Sakkilian woman would be wearing a pretty little bow on her tail. I can see now how one way to interpret it is as marking that her and Kronos have had sex, or marking her as his, but that wasn't my intention.

>...but I think she doesn't want to tell Kronos because she wants to do it privately between just her and him. And because they're not alone, she's not telling. We'll have to ask about her past again when it's just her and Kronos.
True, she won't talk about it in public, but they're still in Kronos' apartment so they could just go into his bedroom for privacy. In fact, that is pretty much the only place they can talk completely in private since it's the only place their bodyguards will leave them alone. And since Bri probably won't speak of it in less private conditions than that, it'll have to be there. But since Bri isn't ready to speak of it now, it'll just have to wait until later in the day, whenever they get back to their bedroom. Probably some time in the late afternoon, after dinner, or at bedtime at the latest.
>>
No. 723918 ID: f562b1

>Hopefully, your sister hasn’t fallen into the madness that claimed both of your brothers. Hopefully…
She mentioned being envious of your friendlier lifestyle, so she's at least aware of what's going on and wants peace to exist. How far she's willing to go to ensure that peace lasts, though... At least currently to your knowledge, the only person who she would get rid of would be your brother.
>W-wait, we’re really g-going to-
Make it a favor, that way she has to come to the lessons.
>Yah ‘ave tons of them! Use them, dammit! So, do yah want the bow or not? Just one favor!
She's right, y'know? Whether to get her to make herself a little cuter in an innocent manner, though, or to "wrap herself up" tonight, that's the question.

>the center of the garden on the other hand...
...It's probably just Garden, then. Giving up its life energy to allow the babies to grow.
>>
No. 723932 ID: 0ee173

Oh, and draw those four wards you saw on Belseth on both your arms, or if your feathers prevent that, on the palms of both your hands. That way you can show them to Xuv when she comes to you and can ask her what they do. Also draw them on a scrap of paper and keep that in your pocket. Unfortunately, taking the paper out may not work in the mind-space you meet Xuv in, but if it does then it'll work as a backup.
>>
No. 723934 ID: 91ee5f

>>723910
Yeah, I have no idea what I was thinking when I said the bow would be "something sexual in nature". Let's just pretend I said, "it would look cute on her" and act like what I said before never happened.
>>
No. 724170 ID: c43722

Try and track down Belseth. You have other things you need to speak with him about as well, and it's a good idea to deal with them sooner rather than later, just in case you forget or for some reason you don't have time later. It may be tricky to work asking about the Catacombs into the conversation, though. ...But he'll probably think you're coming up with excuses to talk with him if you ask about it. But the real potential for awkwardness is going to be Bri's presence with you, but you can manage it. ...Probably.

As backup in case you can't find Belseth or you can't get info on the Catacombs out of him, write a short letter to the head of the history department at the university asking if they have anyone who's area of knowledge is of the Grand Temple and what lies beneath it. Then request a short meeting with whoever they are today, either there or here, and add that you'll make a donation to the university for their trouble. And also ask Cain if he knows of anyone in the university who'd know about the Catacombs of the Godless and other such things lying beneath the Grand Temple so you can target your request better.

>If you still want my council, sir, then I would advise that you just forget about all of this and went on with your duties as a Prince.
Does he mean forget about the stuff around the Archbishop as well, or just the performing of the rituals from the prayer book?

>You’re not supposed to go around and summon old gods or some such; you’re supposed to be a pillar piece of the nation, sir…
...Actually, you can agree to this. You know Xuv'll find you wherever you are when she's summoned, even if you aren't at the summoning ritual, and Cain would be none the wiser. So tell Cain you're going to take his council on this and won't involve yourself in any more of these summoning rituals. And also write a note to Tim informing him as to this and give it to Cain to deliver. Then Cain will think you're being somewhat more responsible, even though at this point it's rather like closing the barn door after the horses are long gone. And you do still have the prayer book, so if you want to perform a summon ritual for any of the other gods you can just do it in secret.

>or at least a small post and not a bottle of acid…
Okay, you know it was irresponsible of you to perform those rituals on palace grounds, but "bottle of acid?" Or is that for other things you've done as well?

>A bow? Why, that will cost a favor!
Ask her why it costs that much. Is there some Sakkilian cultural meaning to wearing a bow on your tail like that? 'Cause you just thought it'd be a cute juxtaposition that a big, strong, imposing gal like her was wearing a cute little bow around her tail.

>Yah ‘ave tons of them! Use them, dammit! So, do yah want the bow or not? Just one favor!
Tell her you don't like being pressured to use your favors and ask her why she's being this insistent that you use them. They don't expire, or at least they don't expire this quickly. And you and her both have three favors left, so it's not because you're hoarding them and have a bunch more than her.

>While it might not be a perfect square in real life it’s… this can’t be a coincidence, can it?
...And with the central square marking the center you get the feeling you've seen this shape before, but where? ...Ah, you may have got it. A diamond shape with a dot in the center is part of the symbol of Gaisia. You just have to draw the square with the edges touching the diamond points. It seems fitting that the garden would have the symbol of the goddess of earth integrated into it. Is there anything of note under the points of the square if you draw out the symbol of Gaisia on the map? But even if the garden's original designers did incorporate the symbol of Gaisia into it, that doesn't explain how that area of odd growth sprung up.

Another speculation as to the position of the elements in the garden is they represent the six elements of the six gods of old, but only if you think in three dimensions. The odd patch of growth is for life, opposite the crypt, which is death. Then a point above the center represents air, which a point below the center is earth. But then which of the Grand Temple and the Palace is fire and which one is water? It kinda breaks down there since neither is obvious.
>>
No. 724240 ID: 65a774
File 146360246632.png - (46.00KB , 686x526 , 13.png )
724240

>But in all seriousness, most of the food here is probably something she doesn't get back home, so if she wants it, then let her have it. Just put a limit on the desserts.
You’re not going to limit what she gets to eat… at least, not unless she starts to gorge herself on cake or something. You’ve seen where that leads first hand with some of the other nobles... *Shudder*
>But it does bring up a few questions on Doxan. Why does he enjoy it when Bri is eating?
…why do you have a feeling that is a question you don’t want the answer too but still need to hear?
>If Bri learned how to bellydance, then her hips would be hypnotic to watch!
… … …note to self: teach Bri how to belly-dance.
>I think you need to find the pylons soon, or they'll start siphoning soul energy from everyone in the capital.
Pylons? You mean the cradle thing? You’re not even sure if they are using it at all, actually… and if they did, wouldn’t it just take the souls of the dead and not siphoned from the living? Still, if it is being used, you need to find it and stop it!

>Maybe if dear 'ol dad was handing down the judgement. Your sister on the other hand might have his 'stache removed at the neck.
It’s not your sister who will decide what his punishment will be. She’s just there to make sure it’s a fair trial and the rules are being followed.
>She mentioned being envious of your friendlier lifestyle, so she's at least aware of what's going on and wants peace to exist. How far she's willing to go to ensure that peace lasts, though...
…the only thing you can do right now is to trust your sister… at least until you’ve met with her and have a nice, long chat.
>Oh, and draw those four wards you saw on Belseth on both your arms. That way you can show them to Xuv when she comes to you and can ask her what they do.
…wait, why can’t you use the paper you already have with the symbols on it? Wouldn’t that be simpler?
>No, don't use a favor for something as wholly frivolous as this! Don't you see why Bri is being so insistent about these favors being used? She wants them to be spent in the way that she wants.
…right, so let’s not fall into her trap and waste them then!


>Anyways thank both Cain and Doxan for their work and ask.
:CainSB: Just doing my job, sir… as always…
:DoxanSB: I’ve sworn to serve ‘er excellency. That includes serving ‘er most beloved ‘usband… ‘er words, not mine.
>Does he mean forget about the stuff around the Archbishop as well, or just the performing of the rituals from the prayer book?
:CainSB: Concerning the Archbishop, I would suggest that you seek counsel with your father or sister about the subject. Bestowing the approval of the crown, even if it is a bronze one instead of gold, is no small matter, sir, so you should talk to the others that wear the crown as well before doing something rash, yes?
>Send Doxan and Cain inside the temple as a tag-team to look for anything else inside.
:CainSB: I’m not a spy, sir… those duties is best left to the professionals.
:DoxanSB: I’ve already scouted through as much as I can both in the temple and the crypt, my lord.
>Tell Cain you're going to take his council on this and won't involve yourself in any more of these summoning rituals.
:CainSB: That’s good to hear, sir. Let me just say, I’m proud that you have found enough common sense to not feed your immortal soul to some false god, sir.
:KronosSB: Of course you are…
>Also write a note to Tim informing him as to this and give it to Cain to deliver.
:CainSB: I’ll make sure it’s delivered at once, sir.

>Tell her you don't like being pressured to use your favors and ask her why she's being this insistent that you use them.
:BriannahSB: Because yah never use them for anything fun!
:KronosSB: …and fun being sex?
:BriannahSB: At times, yes?
>Ask her why it costs that much. Is there some Sakkilian cultural meaning to wearing a bow on your tail like that?
:BriannahSB: What? Of course not.
:KronosSB: So… why does it cost a full favor? That seems a bit steep in price.
:BriannahSB: I’m the one ‘aving to endure it, I set the price, eh?
:KronosSB: Which means it’s as valuable as a favor to you, huh? Oh, I get it. You afraid that this little bow will make you look less intimidating and cool? Hurt your pride and all that?
:BriannahSB: …it’s a bow, not a frilly, pink tutu.
:KronosSB: Yet here you are, desperate not to wear it. You know what I think? I think you just don’t have to courage to wear something like that, that you are afraid what people will think.
:BriannahSB: That’s not-
:KronosSB: Aw, what’s the matter, Bri? Scared of the little bow?
:BriannahSB: … … …yah ‘now, I ‘now that yah are playing me… but I’ll fall for it anyway. Give me the damn bow and I’ll wear it without a favor!
>Yes, we're going to learn to dance together. Even though I'm vertically challenged.
:BriannahSB: And I’m horizontally challenged so… but still, I ‘ave to warn yah, I got the dance skills of a limp ankwark.
>Since we have so many damn favors think we should us one so she will actually show up to her dancing lessons no matter how slowly they might go?
:BriannahSB: No need to use a favor, Kronos, I’ll show up… and if things don’t work out, we’ll ‘ave a talk, eh?

:SisahSB: Hmm, sir? I’ve notice something peculiar. Is it just me or are there suddenly a lot more soldiers patrolling the palace grounds?
:KronosSB: There are more guards?
:SisahSB: No, soldiers. They have soldier uniforms, not guard ones…
:KronosSB: Really? Hmm… I don’t know what to make of that… anything else?
:SisahSB: A lot more of the ladies giggle as we pass and several gentlemen have gone into deep talk as well… often about you being a man they would buy an ale or something?
:KronosSB: Wait, really?
:CainSB: If I might add, it’s possible that it’s a consequence of you two not being very subtle yesterday? I’m sure gossip of someone as small as you “taming” a huge dragon like your wife here would generate some talk, sir.


>Try and track down Belseth. You have other things you need to speak with him about as well.
:BelsethSB: Ah, Greetings Kronos… and Briannah, in your armor as always?
:BriannahSB: Well, people is trying to kill me…
:BelsethSB: Of course they are… and… wait, is that a ribbon?
:BriannahSB: Cute, no?
:BelsethSB: I… err… it’s… is? Um… so… did you two want to see me for a reason or…?
>>
No. 724248 ID: a22f87

had some questions about the nature of some of the runes I saw last I was visiting the temple and since I remember you seemed to have some knowledge of runes and wards I was hoping you'd be able to help me get a better idea of what they mean.

P.S. we should add another ribbon a further up her once every day until we reach the base of her tail. Partly because I think it would look neat, partly because I find it amusing how people are already reacting to one little ribbon and would like to see how'd they'd react to her whole tail being prettied up, and mostly to see how far we could get before Bri reaches her limit and just flat out tells us no.
>>
No. 724250 ID: f562b1

>your immortal soul
...Wait what? Was that a joke?
>No, soldiers. They have soldier uniforms, not guard ones…
That's... Ominous. Well, with the soon-to-be-officially-ex-prince going on trial, I guess having officers who's job it is to go to the enemy's lair rather than stay at the ally's is important. We've still got the guards around, right?
>>
No. 724270 ID: 8ec390

>She’s just there to make sure it’s a fair trial and the rules are being followed.
Or a show trial where those present can demonstrate their loyalty to the new queen or be framed for attempted murder. Exactly that has happened before, with flimsier motives to boot.
>And I’m horizontally challenged so...
You're Gifted. and I won't hear anyone say otherwise.
>Is it just me or are there suddenly a lot more soldiers patrolling the palace grounds?
They're probably stepping in until the extent of Karas' influence in the guard is rooted out. Looks like we won't be able to do any sneaking in the meantime.
>wait, is that a ribbon?
There must be some connotation we're missing here.

Hello Belseth, any hypothetical moral quandaries today?
>did you two want to see me for a reason or…?
You're my friend, isn't that enough? In any case, I wanted to ask you about the trial tomorrow, do you know who's attending? Also, do you know anything about the sudden military presence? I thought the palace guard was all the infantry we had left.
>>
No. 724278 ID: 5ad4a7

Tell him your wife wants you to fuck him.
>>
No. 724304 ID: 91ee5f

>You’re not going to limit what she gets to eat… at least, not unless she starts to gorge herself on cake or something.
You may not have control over that if she ever decides she wants to have a kid and she doesn't want to adopt. So because you love her, you'd agree to allow a male Sakkilian to give a "donation" to her. But that's not going to happen any time soon, so let's not worry about that subject for a few years.
>You’ve seen where that leads first hand with some of the other nobles... *Shudder*
How dare you talk about your father like that! Just because he let himself go a little, doesn't mean you have the right to say things like that about him!

>Um… so… did you two want to see me for a reason or…?
Yes, there's actually 2 reasons we're here. Reason 1.) Remember when I asked you to show me the runes in the temple? Well, I was looking through a book of runes to learn more about them, when I just happened to see some of the runes looked like your tattoos. So, I wanted to ask you why you got your tattoos, what runes they're supposed to be, what their meanings are, and if any of them actually do anything. Especially that one that's supposed to "bring luck in bed".

And Reason 2.) Bri wanted you and me to fuck. So take your pick. My butt or your butt? (Do this one last just to see him go "W-W-WHAT?!?! O_O")
>>
No. 724308 ID: 8ec390

Voting to not suddenly steer the conversation toward sex. Bri hasn't been rubbing off on Kronos that bad.
>>
No. 724336 ID: be4935

>>724308
Agreed
>>
No. 724397 ID: 91ee5f

>>724304
>So take your pick. My butt or your butt?
I meant to say this sarcastically. Not actually going to do it, just joke to mess with him.
>>
No. 724432 ID: 65a774
File 146367162897.png - (18.89KB , 686x526 , 14.png )
724432

>Or a show trial where those present can demonstrate their loyalty to the new queen or be framed for attempted murder.
Or that… that is also possible… hopefully, we won’t get a tyrant as queen.
>How dare you talk about your father like that!
You’re not? Your father might be a bit corpulent, but he’s thin as a stick compared those like lady Bafford. They were forced to break down the walls of her estate as her corpse wouldn’t fit any of the doors anymore!
>We've still got the guards around, right?
The normal guard routes seem to be unchanged as far as you can tell.
>They're probably stepping in until the extent of Karas' influence in the guard is rooted out.
That does sound plausible. He did seem to have a lot of influence over them, didn’t he?
>I thought the palace guard was all the infantry we had left.
…actually, thinking about it that does seem a bit off. What are they doing here? They should be at the out protecting villages from “bandits” and stuff.

>We should add another ribbon a further up her once every day until we reach the base of her tail.
She would look cute like that, wouldn’t it? You’ll try to remember telling her to add another tomorrow.
>Tell him your wife wants you to fuck him.
…you’ve not been corrupted by Bri that much… yet…
>So take your pick. My butt or your butt?
Let’s try to not imagen what exactly you want to do with any butts currently present.


>You're horizontally Gifted. And I won't hear anyone say otherwise.
:BriannahSB: Aw, why thank yah, ‘ubby.
>Hello Belseth, any hypothetical moral quandaries today?
:BelsethSB: Huh? Oh, right I’ve asked you a lot of those, haven’t I? No, I don’t have one right now but… if you want one I’ll give you one.
:KronosSB: Really? Well, if you have one ready…
:BelsethSB: Well, not really but… hmm… how about… “Is it better to be good and do less for the world… or walk the path of evil and do more good that way?”
:KronosSB: …why do I have a feeling no matter what I answer it will be the wrong answer?
:BriannahSB: Things like that is never about the answers, Kronos, they are about making yah think, eh?
>You're my friend, isn't that enough?
:BelsethSB: Oh, I… I must apologize if I sounded a bit… err… it’s just, any time Briannah here would seek me out was if she required something. Now, might I have the privilege of offering a cup of-
:CainSB: Tea, sirs and madam?
:BelsethSB: Wha- where did- but-
:KronosSB: That would be lovely, Cain, thank you.
:BelsethSB: Um… well then? I guess?

>I wanted to ask you about the trial tomorrow, do you know who's attending?
:BelsethSB: Oh, I’m sure everyone who is of importance is invited to attend. Seeing as you both are victims, I’m going to guess you’re going to be attending as well?
:KronosSB: That is correct.
:BriannahSB: And yah? Where will yah be, eh?
:BelsethSB: I’m actually been selected to be part of the council of 21, that is to say those that will judge his guilt and… um… his fate if he is guilty.
:KronosSB: ...you’re chosen?
:BelsethSB: Apparently, I’m an important enough Sakkilian to warrant my judgement.
:KronosSB: Who else is on the council?
:BelsethSB: I’m not entirely sure… I do know that there will be another priest of my rank, a Varkian lady… as well as a Sakkilian Shaman representing the ancestral belief of my people. Other than that… I don’t know.
>Do you know anything about the sudden military presence?
:BelsethSB: Hmm? I can’t say I do, no. Sorry.

>Remember when I asked you to show me the runes in the temple? Well, I was looking through a book of runes to learn more about them, when I just happened to see some of the runes looked like your tattoos.
:BelsethSB: My tattoos? I guess can tell you about some of them? Where do you want to start?
:BriannahSB: How about the one on yah arse?
:BelsethSB: That’s- err… heh… um… it’s just a… good luck charm… for… bed? Briannah, please-
:BriannahSB: And the one on ye crotch?
:BelsethSB: Err… I d-don’t-
:BriannahSB: Oh, please, yah ‘now I’ve seen it. The big circle made out of runes with a dot in the middle?
:BelsethSB: … …wait, how do you- that’s not… where have you seen that symbol before?
:BriannahSB: …what are yah talking about? Yah got it on yah?
:BelsethSB: No, I… Bri, I don’t have a tattoo down there but… I’ve considered getting one… just like the one you described!
:BriannahSB: Wait, seriously? Yah don’t ‘ave one down there? I’m sure I’ve seen it…
:BelsethSB: But where did you see that symbol?
:BriannahSB: I’ve already told yah! It’s ye tattoo?
:KronosSB: Wait, why do you want to know where she’s seen it?
:BelsethSB: Err… because I can’t remember where I’ve seen it myself? It’s just… I got this image of it burned into my mind for the last few days and I really want to know where I’ve seen it.
:BriannahSB: So… yah don’t ‘ave a tattoo?
:BelsethSB: No… but I am… was considering getting it as a tattoo… and seeing as a certain area is really the only place left on my body… err…
:BriannahSB: But… if yah don’t ‘ave a tattoo… then… what did I see?
:KronosSB: Well, this is getting weird…
>>
No. 724433 ID: f562b1

>Now, might I have the privilege of offering a cup of-
You'll be hard pressed to find yourself the chance to have that privilege, I'm afraid. Might be worth talking to Cain if you actually want the chance at some point, he seems to always know when I'll want some.
>But where did you see that symbol?
Back before you found out you were related, you were a bit more open around one another, right? Either somebody pretended to be you, or the Gods gave Bri a vision similar to the ones they gave you, only... Well, I guess that's how she would better perceive things. Hell, after one night I'm already starting to think of things that way.
>>
No. 724436 ID: 91ee5f

>You’re not? Your father might be a bit corpulent, but he’s thin as a stick compared those like lady Bafford. They were forced to break down the walls of her estate as her corpse wouldn’t fit any of the doors anymore!
W-w-what?! I...didn't think it was physically possible for someone to be THAT lazy! Ugh...I feel sick...

>Cain's sudden appearance.
Funny how he's always doing that when someone mentions tea. But seriously, I don't care how much he denies it, he must have some kind of spy training in order to sneak around like that! He even managed to not only sneak up on Doxan, but he also managed to detect Doxan as well. And Doxan's a trained ninja for crying out loud! Eventually, we're going to have to ask Cain if he's gotten super special spy training. And keep asking until he tells us the truth!

>Mysterious tattoo that Bri has seen on Bel, but Bel doesn't have it yet.
Hmmm.....A big circle made out of runes with a dot in the middle. Maybe we should start with what it's supposed to mean? Hey, Kronos, do you also remember a rune like that but have no idea where you've seen it? If so, then maybe all 3 of you got a vision of that rune and you're supposed to find out where it is? If not, then let's help Bri and Bel try to remember where they've seen it.
>>
No. 724447 ID: a22f87

>Is it better to be good and do less for the world… or walk the path of evil and do more good that way?
Depends on the situation. If you live in a reltive peaceful time or place then you don't really need to do much to make the world better when everything is doing fine as it is, but if everything is falling apart and it's going to take someone ruthless to put things back into order then it could be argued that it would be better to let yourself fall in place of whatever you trying to protect. That and if it isn't me it would just be someone else so it might as well be me and all that.

>the mystery tattoo.
Now you really are curious about this tattoo, ask them to draw it and ask them what it's supposed to do.
>>
No. 724462 ID: 8ec390

>“Is it better to be good and do less for the world… or walk the path of evil and do more good that way?”
... How is that even possible? You reap what you sow.
>Tea, sirs and madam?
Cain doesn't need to be a spy, he's already omniscient.

Alright, everyone seated here has had visions at some point, there's no reason not to be open about it and investigate rationally. What exactly does this symbol look like?
>>
No. 724463 ID: 5ad4a7

Briannah has visions; did she forget? That must have been a vision. What a weird time to have one.
>>
No. 724627 ID: c43722

Ask Belseth roughly where and when that image seared into his mind first appeared, and why he felt that he should tattoo it into himself. Also ask Bri to wrack her brain to try and remember if she's seen that circle of runes with a dot in the middle anywhere else. Tell Belseth that while you haven't seen a circle of runes around a dot, you have seen a symbol that's a circle around a dot on the Archbishop's mask and you'd like to know what that symbol represents. Also tell him that you saw that the Archbishop also had a symbol of a fan of five nails on the front of her robe. The same five nails symbol you saw tattooed on him. You'd like to know what that symbol represents, when and why he got it and why the Archbishop is wearing it as well.

Whisper to Bri that what she saw on Belseth is very likely related to her seeing the Old Man and all the other beings she's seen all her life. Perhaps a mark on him of something that would or could come to pass. But who or what could place that you don't know.

Ask Belseth when and under what circumstances did Bri see his naked crotch. You already basically know that, but you want to know how much he's willing to admit and not just tell him what Bri already told you since you don't know if she wasn't supposed to tell that or not. If he admits to doing what he did with Bri say you're curious why he'd seek her out for that when he's 100% gay. Or was it that Bri was the one seeking him out?

Tell Belseth that you'd like him to draw the symbol that's stuck in his mind for you, explaining that you have a friend who's a court mage who might be able to figure out what it is. But also tell him you want him to draw it without anybody else seeing it, then fold it up and leave it on the table. Tell him you had him do that so Bri couldn't see it so we'd be sure she wasn't subconsciously copying any part of it for the next part. Next you want him and Bri to go into a private room and... Um... Let Bri have a look at his crotch and see if she sees the circle of runes. It's nothing she hasn't seen before, so it's not a huge deal if she has a look, is it? And if she still sees the circle of runes she saw before, then she can draw it, fold it up and put it on the table with the other one for eventual comparison and see if they're the same or not. And... And then you'll... Er... You should have a look down there as well. You've had visions and such, so maybe you'll see it as well. And if you do then you'll draw it for comparison as well... Okay, you'll admit you have other, personal reasons to do it as well, but they don't make it a bad idea, right? And since Sisah won't leave your side, she can take a look as well to confirm nothing is actually tattooed down there.

Also tell Belseth that you also wanted to ask him to tell you more about the crypts and catacombs under the Grand Temple. Specifically you were curious about the Catacombs of the Godless. Say you were going to ask him yesterday, at the end of his tour, but you got distracted and forgot when he brought up how much Sakkilians can swallow. And also ask if he could recommend a good book on the subject so you can read up on it on your own. That way he doesn't feel like he has to tell you all the details.

Oh, and before you forget, ask Belseth if he found out anything about Elete yet or if he hasn't had time yet.

>“Is it better to be good and do less for the world… or walk the path of evil and do more good that way?”
You think that walking a path of evil, even if it's to do more good in the end, will still spread evil into the world. And that'll have consequences, known and unknown, that spread out and take root and become new evils. That's why you think the idea that doing evils can be justified if they result in enough good to offset them is foolish. And also, once you take the path of evil, you don't know in what ways and how much it'll change you. Whether it'll warp your view of the world and twist your sense of how much evil you're actually doing for how much good, or what "good" even is.

Ask Sisah and Bri if they noticed if the new soldiers on patrol were all Vark or if it was mostly Sakkilian soldiers and a few Vark, like the current composition of the army is. 'Cause if they're all Vark then that may be an indication that a anti-Sakkilian faction has somehow maneuvered their loyal troops into the palace for most likely nefarious reasons. And also tell Bri you'd like to visit Major Xarrin to ask what he's heard about why there's all these soldiers patrolling around the palace now.

>…actually, thinking about it that does seem a bit off. What are they doing here? They should be at the out protecting villages from “bandits” and stuff.
Yes, this is rather odd. Who could give the order to pull troops back here? Besides Kira, of course. A general? Anyone else? Hm... Wait... Double check this with Cain, if he's still around, but two days ago while you were recovering from your morning exercise he mentioned that Karas was meeting with General Thalia a lot. That might be an indication they were plotting together, though that's pretty much speculation on your part right now. You'd need to find out more about General Thalia and her history and actions first, especially how much she likes or dislikes Sakkilians. It might be she's in with the anti-Sakkilian faction in secret and maneuvered their loyal members of the army into the palace. ...Actually, you should just ask your father and sister about all the soldiers before you whip yourself into a frenzy of paranoia on so little. They'll know much more about what's going on regarding this than you do.

>Concerning the Archbishop, I would suggest that you seek counsel with your father or sister about the subject.
Y'know, Cain's right. You're rather out of your depth on this, whether you'll admit it to yourself or not, and they undoubtedly have much more experience and knowledge of how to deal with the Archbishop than you. And you've found out enough on the Archbishop that doesn't involve things only you can see and hear that you won't sound like a loon if you tell them. ...It would mean breaking your promise to Belseth to keep what he said secret, though... But maybe if you can convince him to turn on the Archbishop.

Remember to get the paper with the four wards you drew and keep it on you the rest of the day, along with with a copy of Belseth's runic circle as well. You don't know when Xuv'll be summoned today, so you want to be ready with those to show her when she is.

>She would look cute like that, wouldn’t it? You’ll try to remember telling her to add another tomorrow.
And move the ribbon closest to the tip back to however far Bri's tail has been in you. It'd be your and Bri's little secret. And you can make the adjustment today, you just need to whisper the idea to Bri.

>>724447
Telling Belseth this is somewhat risky. He kinda thinks the world is falling apart and I think he feels he can't do enough to stop it or even slow it down. That there's nobody that can do enough to slow it. At least, not without breaking his morals and doing evil to force the world towards good. And thinking that may push him more towards going along with the Archbishop's plans.
>>
No. 724661 ID: 05ba9f

DO NOT GET THAT FUCKING TATTOO!!

We barely have any alone time to talk to about this between us (us, Bre, Seth, Sisah) so when would be a good time to talk to them about a ménage à quatre.
Because we all know that's how its going to turn out anyway, baring any unforeseen plot deaths/twists.
>>
No. 724662 ID: c43722

>>724661
Seconding telling Belseth to not get that tattoo. At least not until we figure out what it means or does and who or what has planted it in Belseth's mind and possibly Bri's mind too. Some entity could be manipulating him to unknown ends and those ends may be bad news for him or others. And I'm very suspicious of the motives of any entity that can plant anything into a person's mind like this.
>>
No. 724674 ID: c43722

Oh, you could tell Belseth about how you're thinking of either creating or backing an already existing philanthropic organization to fund research into making magic eye and other replacement sensory implants much safer to get, as well as improving and reducing the cost of them and as well as magic prosthetics so more people can get them. You hear he's done a lot of work organizing aid and such for the people during and after the war, so perhaps he could help you with this as well. You know it'll take years to bear fruit, but with your prince's purse and two such popular people as you two backing it, convincing others to as well, you're sure it'll get all the support it'll need to come to fruition. ...And it'll also mean you'll have a good reason to work closely with him as well.
>>
No. 725168 ID: 65a774
File 146393920758.png - (31.66KB , 686x526 , 15.png )
725168

>I don't care how much Cain denies it, he must have some kind of spy training in order to sneak around like that! Eventually, we're going to have to ask Cain if he's gotten super special spy training.
He’s always been good at going unnoticed before, but it’s starting to get ridicules! You have to find out how he does it.
>Y'know, Cain's right. You're rather out of your depth on this and your father and sister undoubtedly have much more experience and knowledge of how to deal with the Archbishop than you.
Then you better talk to them about it when you meet them later today.
>Yes, this is rather odd. Who could give the order to pull troops back here? Besides Kira, of course. A general?
…wait, didn’t Cain tell you your brother had been meeting a lot with General Thalia? She would have the power to order troops around, wouldn’t she?
>You'd need to find out more about General Thalia and her history and actions first, especially how much she likes or dislikes Sakkilians.
That might be hard to find, as the army likes to keep information about their higher ranks that still lives out of the hands of… well, everyone really… except for the King. …or is it Queen now?
>...Actually, you should just ask your father and sister about all the soldiers before you whip yourself into a frenzy of paranoia on so little.
Or you can just do that, yeah…
>Where new soldiers on patrol were all Vark or if it was mostly Sakkilian soldiers and a few Vark, like the current composition of the army is?
Sisah commented that they were all Varks as far as she saw.

>Hey, Kronos, do you also remember a rune like that but have no idea where you've seen it?
You can’t say that you do.
>Some entity could be manipulating Belseth to unknown ends by planting the rune in his mind, and those ends may be bad news for him or others.
Oh, great… so we might be dealing with another mad god or… whatever life is.
>We barely have any alone time to talk to about this between us (us, Bre, Seth, Sisah) so when would be a good time to talk to them about a ménage à quatre.
Okay, first off Sisah is, as with most of her species, not really into relationships, so she’s not going to be part of this circus. Second, if you’re going to talk about it, you might want to not just bring it up out of the blue.
>Move the ribbon closest to the tip back to however far Bri's tail has been in you. It'd be your and Bri's little secret.
…that’s… err… kinky. The only problem is that you have no idea how far in it actually… and… um… you don’t really want… not today, at least… you need rest after what happened.


> DO NOT GET THAT FUCKING TATTOO!! I mean… you might consider not getting the tattoo?
:BelsethSB: Oh… um… after this I’m not getting it, of course. No need to fret about it.
>You think that walking a path of evil, even if it's to do more good in the end, will still spread evil into the world.
:BelsethSB: You really think so?
:KronosSB: There will always be consequences, know or unknown.
:BelsethSB: Hmm…
:KronosSB: Not to speak of, once you take the path of evil you can’t say in what way it will change you. Will it warp your views or twist your mind?
:BriannahSB: “’e who fights with monsters should look to it that ‘e ‘imself does not become a monster. And if yah gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into yah.” and all that, eh?
:BelsethSB: Yes, I know the quotes, Bri… anything else you have to add?
:BriannahSB: “The road to ‘ell is pawned with good intentions”?
:BelsethSB: …*Sigh* I guess you two make a solid point… I’m going to need to meditate on that later.

>Ask Belseth roughly where and when that image seared into his mind first appeared, and why he felt that he should tattoo it into himself.
:BelsethSB: Um… a few days ago? I was kind of looking for a new tattoo and seeing as couldn’t get it out of my mind…
>Alright, everyone seated here has had visions at some point, there's no reason not to be open about it and investigate rationally.
:BelsethSB: W-wait, she does!?
:BriannahSB: H-hey, don’t just... ugh, Kronos…
:KronosSB: See, now you two have something to bond over. Belseth have visions of the future while Bri can see spirits and the like. There, it’s out of the bag!
:BelsethSB: …Spirits? But… you know, never mind. Fine, I can buy it that she saw some kind of… vision of it, right.
>Now you really are curious about this tattoo, ask them to draw it and ask them what it's supposed to do.
:BriannahSB: Um… I can’t actually… I just remember bit and pieces of it. I remember it had a bunch of eights in it and… T’s?
:BelsethSB: Actually, I do have it already drawn there here somewhere… here…
:BriannahSB: That’s it! That’s what I remember!
:BelsethSB: But as for its meaning… I have no idea.
>You have seen a symbol that's a circle around a dot on the Archbishop's mask and you'd like to know what that symbol represents.
:BelsethSB: That’s the symbol of the five and the unity they make.
:KronosSB: …and seeing as how closely they resemble each other, it might just be based of this rune! Which means it must have a connection with the five?
:BriannahSB: Not necessarily. It might just ‘ave been something they remembered as important when they created the symbol in the first place.
:BelsethSB: The symbol harkens back to the days after the old empire fell… so it’s possible it was important to it and it’s based on the memories of the old empire? Still… we don’t know what it means… this is just farfetched theories!
>Also tell him that you saw that the Archbishop also had a symbol of a fan of five nails on the front of her robe.
:BelsethSB: Oh, that… it’s a symbol of order… the order of the five, to be exact. Five nails, five gods, holding the world together.

>Ask Belseth when and under what circumstances did Bri see his naked crotch.
:BelsethSB: Oh… um…
:BriannahSB: The first time? A card game. ‘e lost.
:KronosSB: But… I thought you… um… you know.
:BelsethSB: …she was… more man than woman at the time…
:BriannahSB: If I remember correctly, it was the first time I had gotten my ‘ands on some interesting potions that I was testing, eh?
>You want him and Bri to go into a private room and... Um... Let Bri have a look at his crotch and see if she sees the circle of runes.
:BelsethSB: W-what?
:BriannahSB: Eh, it’s not like I ‘aven’t seen it before, eh?
:BelsethSB: Still!
:KronosSB: Hmm… actually, I should probably have a look as well… I’ve had a vision or two too…
:BelsethSB: K-Kronos!?
:KronosSB: And as Sisah is already here, she would make an excellent test group to-
:BriannahSB: Enough! I’m not going to expose that part to anybody just like that! I still have some dignity, you know! So no, I won’t do that… that part of my body is only for lovers of mine.
:BriannahSB: Hehe, yah’re starting to sound a bit like me, Kronos.
:KronosSB: I… err… s-sorry, Belseth… I got kind of caught up in the moment for a minute there.
:BelsethSB: …Apology accepted. Just… don’t start acting like Bri too, alright?

>Oh, you could tell Belseth about how you're thinking of either creating or backing an already existing philanthropic organization to fund research into making magic eye and other replacement sensory implants much safer to get.
:BelsethSB: Really? Why I understand you have your own reason to do so, it would greatly improve the chances of the common people getting aid, wouldn’t it? I would gladly help you in any way I can if you wish to fund an organization like that, thought I do not know if there is one. Oh, if there isn’t one, then it’s just the more reason to create our own, eh?
>Oh, and before you forget, ask Belseth if he found out anything about Elete yet or if he hasn't had time yet.
:BelsethSB: Elete? No, I wasn’t able to find anything about her… at all. Odd, that.
>Also tell Belseth that you also wanted to ask him to tell you more about the crypts and catacombs under the Grand Temple. Specifically you were curious about the Catacombs of the Godless.
:BelsethSB: Oh, those… I do wish they would rename them. The name is a bit misleading nowadays.
:KronosSB: So, it isn’t for the godless?
:BelsethSB: It’s actually a really old Catacomb, I’m talking old empire old. But, it was first found under one of our more… bloodier epoch of the belief of the five so, as the name entails, it was used to imprison all those that did not believe in the five and those that was guilty of heresy. The place is like a grand labyrinth, and it was filled with the undead even before it was used as a mass grave.
:KronosSB: Wait, they intentionally turned people undead?
:BelsethSB: They intentionally threw a lot of people into a place where most of them would turn undead, yes… so to punish them for all eternity. It wasn’t… the most prideful years of our religion… but we have changed and evolved since then, haven’t we?
:KronosSB: So, it’s not being used anymore?
:BelsethSB: Not for that purpose, no. Nowadays it’s just a relic of the past… of course, sometimes we send people down there to try and find old artifacts or chambers and the like, though it is a dangerous pastime thanks to all the traps and undead down there. We’re not even sure how large those catacombs are yet, as they seem to be stretching into the earth for miles… well, not actually miles, but they are deep.
:KronosSB: Hmm… so, there is a lot of places to hide something down there?
:BelsethSB: Oh, and there is another thing… I’m not supposed to tell people this but with you being the Prince… those that are guilty of grand treason against the crown, their bodies… well, they don’t get a proper grave, if you understand my meaning.

It’s starting to near lunch time. There is still plenty of time for talking, but you will probably not be able to do much else before the lunch with your father.
>>
No. 725187 ID: a22f87

well since both bri and sisah are here and both have at least some knowledge of false limbs and whatnot why not ask them just how expensive those things are from cheapest to most expensive and some problems that have been know to arise from getting the replacements. I mean if we're going to try and start funding something for cheaper and less dangers prosthetic limbs it might help to know what can go wrong so when we finally ask the artificer to start on this we can tell him what he should focus on.

Other then that switch over to lighter topics so you can end this little get together on a high note. Also take a copy of that symbol and look it up when you have some free time. If we can find out what it actually means it would be really helpful in finding out what it's supposed to do.
>>
No. 725192 ID: 8ec390

> You have to find out how he does it.
No, he needs to teach us how.
>I mean… you might consider not getting the tattoo?
Whaaat happened to aggressive/impulsive? Not that it isn't an improvement, but it's still uncharacteristic.
> well, they don’t get a proper grave, if you understand my meaning.
We might find our late brother down there. I don't know about moving his body, but the idea of him as a shambling abomination is too much to-

I just had a thought, is that rusty gate keeping people out, or zombies in?

I changed my mind, leave the crypts well enough alone.
>>
No. 725195 ID: 91ee5f

>>725168
Before you forget, ask Bel if he knows anything about the odd growth of plants near the pond. Tim seems to think the temple is causing it, because of some odd pulses of magic coming from the temple.

And the ask him if there might be a reason why the palace grounds look like a diamond with a dot in the middle when viewed on a map? It may just be paranoia, but it's better to be safe than sorry!

>No info on Elete at all.
Not even a little background info from before she joined the temple? That's odd, the temple should have something on her, no matter how new she is.

>All Vark soldiers under command of General Thalia.
This general has had lots of meetings with your brother and she pulls in a bunch of soldiers that are all Varks just days after your brother's arrest. There's a few possibilities here:

1.) She and her soldiers all share your brother's hatred for the Sakkilians and are surrounding the palace to rescue him and kill everyone that's a Sakkilian and anyone that agrees to the truce with them.

2.) She's been ordered by your sister to return to the palace to keep an eye on your brother. And, in case your brother wasn't acting alone, she surrounded the palace to keep your brother in and any of his allies out.

3.) Your sister ordered her to return so that she can receive command over some new Sakkilian soldiers, thanks to the truce. Then, probably after the trial, she'll be sent back to her post with our new allies to better protect our borders.

Personally, I'm hoping that 2 and/or 3 is why Thalia and her soldiers are here.

>Almost lunch.
Well, let's not keep dad waiting. Say goodbye to Bel and thank him for his time. Then you and Bri can go have lunch with dad.
>>
No. 725451 ID: c43722

...So your brother Krotos' body may not have been buried in some unmarked grave in the middle of nowhere like your father said, like you thought he was, but rather thrown into those catacombs to become a shambling undead. ...Part of you is disgusted that that could be the fate of your brother's body. ...And yet another part of you feels that for what he did to your father, to this nation and to everyone else he wronged, ruined, harmed or killed, and especially for what he did to Briannah, that if it's true it'd be a well deserved fate. But then you realize that exacting revenge on his body for what he did is foolish because his spirit is already gone.

Ask Belseth if the catacombs are still allowed by the Temple to be used for traitors' bodies in this day and age in the way he's implying, even though the Temple stopped that practice themselves. 'Cause you think that's disgraceful to do that to a person's remains, even for traitors. They're already dead, their spirit that made them them passed on whether their remains are burned or not. Leaving their bodies down there to become undead is foolishly trying to enact revenge on that which is no longer the traitorous person.

Tell Belseth that you hope that all the entrances to the catacombs have been discovered and sealed or blocked in one way or another, in the hopes that he'll tell you what entrances there are. And also ask him how deep the top of the catacombs are and how sprawling they are 'cause you have to wonder if there's a risk of breaking into them if there's some excavation for building or the gardens or such. You hope they have a map for the top level of it so it can be avoided by such workers.

>Nowadays it’s just a relic of the past… of course, sometimes we send people down there to try and find old artifacts or chambers and the like, though it is a dangerous pastime thanks to all the traps and undead down there.
Also ask Belseth what notable finds have been discovered in the catacombs, and why there hasn't been any real push to mount expeditions to clear out, search and map the catacombs. You'd think that with the solid possibility of big archaeological finds and artifacts and relics from the age of the Old Empire they would have been largely cleared and searched by now. Are the traps and undead really that insurmountable and dangerous? ...And you wonder why the traps haven't sorted out the undead down there yet. You'd think all the undead shambling all about would eventually trigger a trap and be destroyed. And are these traps from the age of the Old Empire as well? If so then you have to wonder what they were guarding down there.

Ask Belseth if he'd be okay with you drawing a couple copies of this symbol to send to a couple of your friends to see if they can figure out what it is, adding that they're the head librarian and a court mage. If he agrees you'll send the copies to each of them with a note asking them if they can identify what it is. But whatever Bel's response, draw a copy from memory once you leave to keep on yourself for when Xuv pops up again so you can ask her if she knows what it is. And also send a note to Tim telling him about the oddly fertile patch in the garden that appeared this year, that you think it might be from high magic exposure and ask him if he could find time to check it out at some point.

>Oh, if there isn’t one, then it’s just the more reason to create our own, eh?
Definitely. And tell Belseth you want to include research into not just magic implants and prosthesis but also other fields of medical magic such as biomancy in the hope that one day it'll mean actual flesh and blood replacements could be grown to replace that which was lost. And also add that you're going to tell your father about your idea as well and see if he'd get on board. He could use something good to work on now that he's retired from the crown, and it'd be nice to work with him together as father and son on this.

>H-hey, don’t just... ugh, Kronos…
That was terribly inconsiderate of Bri to out her secret like that and you should apologize to her. It was not your secret to reveal and you should feel very sorry for doing so 'cause you broke a part of her trust in you. And you should ask what you can do to make it up to her.

>The first time? A card game. ‘e lost.
You'll have to remember to play cards against Belseth instead of Regicide the next time you want to bet taking off articles of clothing. That way you might have a chance of winning.

>Hehe, yah’re starting to sound a bit like me, Kronos.
>…Apology accepted. Just… don’t start acting like Bri too, alright?
You really have been thinking more and more sexual and lewd these past few days and it's coming out in your words and actions, and you need to rein it in. Remember what Xuv said about not letting Bri take control of the relationship lest it become about mere sexual desires? Well, it'll turn out the same if you end up acting too much like her as well. That doesn't mean nothing lewd, but you gotta know the balance and when not to say or do such things.

...And the thought enters your head that it may not be just Bri rubbing off on you that's making you think more lewdly, but that it may be a small part of Xuv seeping into your mind, intentionally or not. It's a uncomfortable possibility that explains at least a few things about your thoughts and behavior since meeting Xuv.

And you should apologize to Belseth again for being so crass as to ask him to reveal himself to multiple people like that. You really should have more sense than that, given you're a both prince and supposedly skilled at speechcraft too. Though, you admit the latter seems to have largely left you these past few days and you don't know why.

>…she was… more man than woman at the time…
>If I remember correctly, it was the first time I had gotten my ‘ands on some interesting potions that I was testing, eh?
...Okay, you admit you don't know all that much about alchemy, but you have to ask if it really can do what this is implying it can do. She's saying there's a potion that can transmogrify you into the opposite sex, or at least your genitals? Is that what it did? And what did the other "interesting potions" do too? ...And you have to wonder just what else Bri has in her alchemical box 'o tricks besides this. Oh, and make sure to wait until you've left Belseth to ask Bri about all this so he doesn't have to hear her talking about sex stuff again.
>>
No. 725459 ID: 398fe1

May as well tell him you suspect Elete was actually the archbishop.
>>
No. 725496 ID: c43722

>>725459
He's going to scoff at that idea, so tell him that you at least think that Elete gave you a false name. As explanation, tell him that she was reluctant to give you her name when you asked, and that you later found out that the author of the book she was reading when you met her was Eletasia S. Zabat. You think she had to come up with a name in a hurry and came up with "Elete" from "Eletasia." And since he couldn't find a trace of her by that name in the Temple records pretty much confirms she used a false name.

Tell him that you find it troubling that a member of the Temple felt the need to hide their identity from you. It may be for personal reasons, but you can't just ignore that it may be for more serious reasons. Heck, for all we know she may be a impostor posing as a priestess as means to get close to you. It's a small possibility, but it's there. Anyway, this should be looked into more, just to be safe. She said she arrived with the Archbishop's group, so maybe someone else in that group remembers seeing her. Ask Belseth if he could talk with them and ask if they've seen a Vark by her description. And she also mentioned that the Archbishop knew that she'd met with you when the Archbishop grabbed her in the hall to deliver the Archbishop's message two days ago... Which is odd because you'd think the Archbishop would send one of her own assistants to deliver it.
>>
No. 725505 ID: 65a774
File 146403273059.png - (40.38KB , 686x526 , 16.png )
725505

>You really have been thinking more and more sexual and lewd these past few days and it's coming out in your words and actions, and you need to rein it in.
…you’re right. Bri has really affected you, hasn’t she? …or is it Xuv’s work? By the five, you do hope that the mad god hasn’t done something indecent to you!
>Take a copy of that symbol and look it up when you have some free time.
You ask Belseth if you can borrow a pen, then quickly jolt it down on the piece of paper with the other runes.
>No, Cain needs to teach us how.
Even if he’s an excellent sneak, you don’t think he’ll be an excellent teacher…
>You'll have to remember to play cards against Belseth instead of Regicide the next time you want to bet taking off articles of clothing. That way you might have a chance of winning.
...indeed, you have to remember that.
>We might find our late brother down there...
You don’t even want to imagen that that might be the case!
>I just had a thought, is that rusty gate keeping people out, or zombies in?
That’s the crypt, not those catacombs Belseth talked about. They are probably not even connected.


>You should apologize to Belseth again for being so crass as to ask him to reveal himself to multiple people like that.
:BelsethSB: Hmpf, as I said, just don’t turn into another Briannah, please?
>Ask Belseth if the catacombs are still allowed by the Temple to be used for traitors' bodies in this day and age in the way he's implying, even though the Temple stopped that practice themselves.
:BelsethSB: Oh, I can’t really comment one way or another, Kronos. But is it not our duty to make sure justice prevails, even after death?
>'Cause you think that's disgraceful to do that to a person's remains, even for traitors. They're already dead, their spirit that made them passed on whether their remains are burned or not.
:BelsethSB: Actually… um… in a place like that the soul might not find a way out. They linger there, going mad from the solitude before trying in vain to return to life by possessing whatever carcass they can find. It’s… um… quite gruesome, actually.
>Tell Belseth that you hope that all the entrances to the catacombs have been discovered and sealed or blocked in one way or another, in the hopes that he'll tell you what entrances there are.
:BelsethSB: Ah, of course, no need to worry. Most of the entrances are designed to be one way… but even then, they are all warded against the undead. Why, the one exit we’ve found is guarded day and night by ever vigilant golems of solid steel.
>And also ask him how deep the top of the catacombs are and how sprawling they are 'cause you have to wonder if there's a risk of breaking into them if there's some excavation for building or the gardens or such.
:BelsethSB: They start about a floor under the crypt, so they are rather deep underground. Besides, we’re pretty sure they only run under the palace and temple grounds to start with. We probably built this whole complex on the original ruins of whatever was located here in the past to begin with.
>Ask Belseth what notable finds have been discovered in the catacombs, and why there hasn't been any real push to mount expeditions to clear out, search and map the catacombs.
:BelsethSB: Ah, mostly religious artifacts. Symbols, tomes and the like. We are actually trying to push for more expeditions to be sent down there… but with the war and all… well…

>Since both bri and sisah are here why not ask them just how expensive false limbs are and some problems that have been known to arise from getting the replacements.
:SisahSB: Anything that is connected directly into the brains is really dangerous. That includes eyes and things that are supposed to increase cognitive speed. Limbs on the other hand… they aren’t much worse than being without them to start with.
:BriannahSB: As for prices, simple things like peg legs are dirt cheap while limbs like mine are worth more than what most make in a month. There are some models for the middle class that functions, but they aren’t that great.
>Tell Belseth you want to include research into not just magic implants and prosthesis but also other fields of medical magic such as biomancy in the hope that one day it'll mean actual flesh and blood replacements could be grown to replace that which was lost.
:BelsethSB: Ah, of course, of course. Seeing someone you love whole again would be preferable, wouldn’t it?
>And also add that you're going to tell your father about your idea as well and see if he'd get on board.
:BelsethSB: And excellent idea! With you and your fathers riches and influence combined with my… well, everything, we cannot fail!

>May as well tell him you suspect Elete might not be Elete.
:BelsethSB: Really?
:KronosSB: She was reading a book written by Eletasia S. Zabat when I met her… and she was rather reluctant to give me her name at all.
:BelsethSB: That might explain why I can’t find any information about her. But I don’t think she is an imposter, though… but why give you a false name? Hmm…
>Before you forget, ask Bel if he knows anything about the odd growth of plants near the pond.
:BelsethSB: Odd growth? Isn’t that the gardeners’ job to handle?
>Switch over to lighter topics so you can end this little get together on a high note.
:KronosSB: -so I told him I was a new art installation even as the jam started to run down the walls!
:BelsethSB: By the five… don’t tell me he believed you!
:BriannahSB: Of course he did. Have you seen some of the things people call art nowadays?
>Well, let's not keep dad waiting. Say goodbye to Bel and thank him for his time.
:BelsethSB: Ah, of course, the time is nearing lunch, isn’t it? I had a lovely time, you two, so don’t be a stranger now… oh, and if you two ever need anything, don’t be afraid to ask, you hear?
:BriannahSB: We will, Belseth.
:KronosSB: Goodbye for now.
>>
No. 725506 ID: 65a774
File 146403274196.png - (50.65KB , 686x526 , 17.png )
725506

>Send a note to Tim telling him about the oddly fertile patch in the garden that appeared this year.
You have Cain deliver the note to him, telling him that you believe it might have something to do with the odd magical surges he’s been noticing and that you wish for him to investigate it.

>That was terribly inconsiderate of Bri to out her secret like that and you should apologize to her. It was not your secret to reveal and you should feel very sorry for doing so 'cause you broke a part of her trust in you.
:BriannahSB: Damn right yah broke a bit of my trust, ‘un. Now I just need to find a way to punish yah so ye won’t do it again.
>...Okay, you admit you don't know all that much about alchemy, but you have to ask if it really can do what this is implying it can do. She's saying there's a potion that can transmogrify you into the opposite sex, or at least your genitals? Is that what it did?
:BriannahSB: Oh? ‘ow did I ‘now that would peek ye interest, eh? Why are yah so interested in the effects of a few potions?
:KronosSB: Just tell me what they do, Bri…
:BriannahSB: Ah, but there are so many magical things alchemy can do, no? So many things indeed… why, it would be inefficient to tell yah all my secrets when we can simply try them out for ourselves, eh?
:KronosSB: …you’re planning on drinking some tonight, aren’t you?
:BriannahSB: Well… yah are itching for a… taste, aren’t yah?
:KronosSB: Bri, please… just… not today, alright?
:BriannahSB: Not today, got it.

>Then you and Bri can go have lunch with dad.
As soon as you enter your father chambers, you’re met the smell of alcohol. You can smell your fathers fetid breath from across the room, as well see his lack of balance as he stands up to greet you. The large stain of wine on his chest is the final proof… your father has been drinking again.

:KronosSB: …Poppa?
:BriannahSB: Ye lordship?
:HeliosSB: Ah, my son! …and his delightful wife! Come in, come in!
:KronosSB: …have y-
:HeliosSB: Now, you’re a bit early, aren’t you? The food has yet to be delivered, but it should be arriving soon.
:KronosSB: Father, I-
:HeliosSB: Still, this is a perfect opportunity for some small talk, is it not? Oh, lady Briannah, might you be a dear and get some rose wine from the liquor cabinet? My back has been acting up lately and I don’t want to exert it further, you see.
:BriannahSB: Rose wine, eh? I’ll see what I find, ye lordship.
:HeliosSB: Just Helios will do…

You’ve seen your father drunk before… but never this early… or when he was expecting company like this! What has gotten into him? …and is he ogling Bri’s behind?

:HeliosSB: Oh, and I heard about yesterday, son, and I’ll have you know I’m proud of you. Getting past your fears for the nation and all that… of course, we both know that what you did wasn’t for the peace but for some other assets, eh? Hoho… why, pleasing someone like her… you truly did take after the family line, didn’t you?
:KronosSB: …I did?
:HeliosSB: I’ll have you know, when I was young… oh, when I was young… and before the war too… hmmhmmm… you wouldn’t know that you would miss it when it all went away… *Sigh* nothing was quite like those tails of theirs…
:KronosSB: …F-father!?
:BriannahSB: I can’t seem to find the wine, ye lor- err… Helios?
:HeliosSB: Oh, it’s on the bottom shelf, at the back… you need to bend down a bit to reach- yes, just like that… heh… now where was I? Oh yes, when I was young… why, the ladies would talk…

…okay, he is definitely ogling your wife… your own father is… his… you’re not sure if it’s the alcohol or if the years has changed him but you’re pretty sure he hasn’t acted like this before. …you’re not sure how you’re supposed to react either…
>>
No. 725509 ID: 398fe1

>>725505
>They linger there, going mad from the solitude before trying in vain to return to life by possessing whatever carcass they can find.
Uh oh. If Illasia was turned mortal, she could have been buried in the crypt along with Xuv. There could be two mad gods down there!

>>725506
Tell him to please stop ogling your wife. Even if she likes it.

Don't dwell on the topic though. Tell him about your plans for advancing the development of prosthetics.
>>
No. 725510 ID: 47160d

Tell him that while you don't care one bit how he likes his women that is your wife and you don't want him ogling her
>>
No. 725511 ID: a22f87

>You’ve seen your father drunk before… but never this early
well you've never had to see your father after one of his sons is about to be tried for a whole lot of things and seems that the best he could ever hope for is that he'll never get to see him again as he rots in some small cabin in the woods. I mean at least with Kratos he died on the battlefield and didn't get drag through the mud with political bullshit and at least got to pretend to die a hero... plus I'm not really sure how often you saw your father when your brother died.

But yeah, Tell bri to come back and get a servant to grab some coffee and water to sober your father up. Try and get him to tell you what's got him in a such a mood. Pretty sure it's your brother but it might help if we can get him to vent a little.
>>
No. 725513 ID: 91ee5f

I'm pretty sure the wine isn't there at all, he just said that so that she could bend over. And while the view is enjoyable, you've...uh...you've got...more...uhhh...wait what were we talking about? I got distracted by that wonderful sight of Bri's butt.

Wait! Now remember! Dad, this isn't the time to be staring at Bri's butt! You're going to be part of the Council of 21 that's judging brother's trial, aren't you? You can't show up drunk like this!
>>
No. 725520 ID: 8ec390

Man, and I thought Kronos had problems maintaining regal dignity.

Dad. No more wine.
Make your subtext clear.

How come You've stepped down so suddenly? What's with the military buildup?
>>
No. 725668 ID: 65a774
File 146410787118.png - (42.31KB , 686x526 , 18.png )
725668

>Uh oh. If Illasia was turned mortal, she could have been buried in the crypt along with Xuv. There could be two mad gods down there!
Wait, but Xuv isn’t… um… Xuv is imprisoned in something she called an inverted tower… and these catacombs reach extremely deep into the earth… by the five, what if the catacombs of the godless is Xuv’s prison!? That’s why there are so many undead and traps down there!
>Man, and I thought Kronos had problems maintaining regal dignity.
At least your father has the excuse of stress and age…
>You've never had to see your father after one of his sons is about to be tried for a whole lot of things.
…that is probably it. He is bound to have taken your brothers action harder than most… especially after what happened last time…
>You're going to be part of the Council of 21 that's judging brother's trial, aren't you? You can't show up drunk like this!
There’s no way his fit to be on the council even if he’s sober!


>Tell him that while you don't care one bit how he likes his women that is your wife and you don't want him ogling her.
:HeliosSB: Oh, was I… my apologize, son.
:KronosSB: Father, please, straighten yourself up and show some damn dignity!
:HeliosSB: Now, now, now, it’s just us three here, isn’t it? Now I do apologize, but no need to be so formal… now, do you find the wine, lady Briannah? I have a real thirst that needs attending here.
>Dad. No more wine.
:BriannahSB: Huh? But I just found the bottle of Rose wine!
:KronosSB: No, no more. I’m putting my foot down! That liquor cabinet will be emptied and you will have no more alcohol… at all!
:HeliosSB: But, Kro-
:KronosSB: No buts! Look at yourself! All this drinking is destroying you and I won’t allow it to happen! No, this ends here.
:HeliosSB: My son, please! Can’t you show some mercy for and old man like myself? I need it to keep the weight away from my mind and-
:KronosSB: Damn to what you want, father! Think about us for a change! How do you think we will feel when you slowly throw your life away, huh?
:BriannahSB: All this drinking can’t be good for ye body, eh?
:HeliosSB: Now listen here-
:KronosSB: So, you will be like my brothers, huh? Throw away your own life for petty reasons? Hurting yourself like this is just as much of a betrayal as they did to our family, poppa! I will not let you drink yourself to death because you feel sorry for yourself!
:HeliosSB: I… but…*sigh* you’re right son… but… I’m still a weak old man… I don’t think I can do this alone…
:KronosSB: Then I’ll be here for you, poppa… I’ll be here…
>Get a servant to grab some coffee and water to sober your father up.
:NonSB: Of course, your majesty.
:HeliosSB: *Grumble*…
>Try and get him to tell you what's got him in such a mood.
:HeliosSB: *Sigh* Do you even need to ask? My own son… two of my own sons… those that I’ve loved and raised, those that I’ve taught and seen grow up… both of them betrayed me for their own gain. Do you know how it feel when your own blood, your own family turns against you? I… guess you do, but still… it hit me hard, you understand?

The food arrives, a simple pasta dish served with the coffee and water you ordered. Your fathers mood seems to turn a bit now when he’s been presented with something to eat, though he still seem a bit more gloomy than usual.

>How come You've stepped down so suddenly?
:HeliosSB: I… so much has happened lately and… I’m not fit to rule anymore, am I? I simply can’t carry the weight of the nation on my shoulders anymore… it is simply too heavy for my poor back. No, your sister is ready to rule... and I hope her rule will be a just one.
>What's with the military buildup?
:HeliosSB: …the what? I don’t know anything about that… Soldiers, you say? Hmm… the only one I know who have any soldiers stationed nearby would be General Thalia, but what would she want to do here?
:BriannahSB: A coup?
:HeliosSB: Oh, please… she got about a dozen men at most that’s close enough to be of any use. If she’s up to something it would be on far smaller scale. Not that I would believe Thalia would betray us. She’s been a loyal commander for far too long… though, I thought the same of my sons, didn’t I?
>Tell him about your plans for advancing the development of prosthetics.
:HeliosSB: Why, that is an excellent idea, Kronos. I’ve actually discussed this very topic with your br- …former brother when he lost his eye, but he thought it would take too much time and resources before there would be financial gain.
:BriannahSB: Personally, I would say that yah don’t go into this for personal gain, eh?
:HeliosSB: Indeed. This is a subject that is still in its adolescence, so it will need a lot of nourishment before it becomes something worthwhile. Now, I have to agree that it is a worthy cause to stand behind, so I will do everything in my power to support your charity, my son.
:KronosSB: Thank you, poppa.

:HeliosSB: Oh… and… might I ask for a favor, Kronos? I… I don’t think I will be able to visit him… I don’t think I can visit him… so… can you do it for me? Visit your brother? I... I rather not see him right now… I rather remember him for what he was and not… not this. So… can you visit him for me? See how he is holding up?
>>
No. 725673 ID: a22f87

>Visit your brother?
sure, I can do that.

What was our next planned meeting? if we have some time we could knock that out right after we're done talking to your dad. Anyways your dad is in a foul mood so I saw try and us this time to cheer him up a little so he doesn't just grab another bottle as soon as you leave.

Also ask him what he knows about the temple and the arch bishop. If he ask why tell him that she asked you publicly support the church and left you to think about it.
>>
No. 725678 ID: 398fe1

>>725668
Sure, but he's not gonna like it.
>>
No. 725684 ID: 8ec390

>At least your father has the excuse of stress and age…
The former is universal in this time and family, and the latter should give him experience, not an excuse.
> If she’s up to something it would be on far smaller scale.
Jailbreak. She's planning a jailbreak.
>>
No. 725689 ID: 230f46

No. Father, we will visit him together. This could be the last time you see him, right? Don't let it go to a waste, not for your own pity, You will probably regret it more if you don't go than if you do.
>>
No. 725710 ID: 91ee5f

>>725689
This. And let's bring Bri with us, if she wants to go. After all, it's a family matter and she's part of the family now.
>>
No. 725739 ID: 65a774
File 146413542562.png - (42.32KB , 686x526 , 19.png )
725739

>What was our next planned meeting? if we have some time we could knock that out right after we're done talking to your dad.
The only thing you really have planned is the meeting with your sister… which Cain hasn’t returned yet to inform you about a time.
>Jailbreak. She's planning a jailbreak.
…oh crap, if that’s true… you really should warn someone about this!

>No. Father, we will visit him together. This could be the last time you see him, right? Don't let it go to a waste, not for your own pity, You will probably regret it more if you don't go than if you do.
:HeliosSB: I… I’m sorry son, but… I simply don’t have the strength to see him like this. Not now.
:KronosSB: But this might be the-
:HeliosSB: I’ve made my decision and I’m keeping to it. I’ve seen what he planned to do… and the son I loved is already dead. No, I will not see this mockery of what used to be my son… no… I… I want to remember him for what he was before… and not what he proved to be now.
:KronosSB: But…
:BriannahSB: Kronos, sometimes yah just need to let things go…
:KronosSB: …alright, fine… I’ll go see him in your stead.
:HeliosSB: Thank you.

:NonSB: Sirs and madam? We’re here about retrieving some bottles?
:KronosSB: Oh, right, we need to actually empty out the liquor cabinet.
:HeliosSB: H-hey, you’re not actually-
:KronosSB: I’m standing by my decision, poppa, you’re not drinking yourself to death.
:HeliosSB: But… don’t take all the bottles! Some of those are for decoration and have sentimental value, thus not meant for drinking!
:KronosSB:
:HeliosSB: …I won’t have them in my room anymore, if that’s what you wish, but I’m not going to have them collect dust in the cellars! Here, let me show which ones I mean… Excuse me for a moment, will you?

>Anyways your dad is in a foul mood so I saw try and us this time to cheer him up a little so he doesn't just grab another bottle as soon as you leave.
He definitely needs a lot of cheering up… and you shouldn’t leave him alone until he’s in a better mood, definitely. Oh, and they need to remove all the liquor before you leave him too. Now the question is how… you’re not entirely sure how to properly cheer him up when he’s this… this depressed? Maybe Bri has an idea?

:BriannahSB: Cheer ‘im up? Why, that’s easy. Yah just need to get him laid!
:KronosSB: WHAT!? I’m not go-
:BriannahSB: Yah saw how ‘e looked at me… how ‘e longed~
:KronosSB: So what, you’re suggesting that you’ll just fuck him!? For the fives sake, Bri, that’s my father!
:BriannahSB: Actually, I was going to suggest a Sakkilian consort, but if yah want me to fuck ‘is brains out…
:KronosSB: Bri, please…
:BriannahSB: While ‘is body might not be the most attractive, ‘e does show quite splendidly where yah got ye looks, eh? Of course, people like ‘im usually are better fucks, as they tend to try and prove themselves.
:KronosSB: Bri…
:BriannahSB: Oh, I’ll ‘ave ‘im on ‘is knees begging to even lick my arse!
:KronosSB: BRIANNAH!
:BriannahSB: Oh, but powerful people like ‘im are kinky, aren’t they? I bet I can make ‘im beg to suck my big fat co-
:KronosSB: OH, FOR THE FIVES SAKE, BRI! THAT. IS. MY. FATHER! I SWEAR ON ILLASIA, I WILL END YOU IF YOU… you… urgh!
:HeliosSB: Are you two alright in there? Are you arguing?
:KronosSB: No… where just-
:BriannahSB: I’m just getting a bit of revenge for something your son here did earlier today.
:HeliosSB: …oh… well then, carry on.

:BriannahSB: But seriously, get ‘im laid by a scaly!
:KronosSB: I’m not going to give him another vice to succumb too just to make him stop drinking! No, I’ll just cheer him up myself! …somehow.
:BriannahSB: Suit yeself, I’ve given my advice.
>>
No. 725743 ID: 91ee5f

>I’m just getting a bit of revenge for something your son here did earlier today.
And that's what you get for telling Bel that Bri has had visions without Bri's permission to give that information!
>>
No. 725744 ID: b953fd

The obvious solution here is to have a threesome with your wife and your father.

You're walking around with eggs up your ass from your last sexual experience, so this can't be any more strange.
>>
No. 725746 ID: 398fe1

>>725739
>another vice
Sex isn't bad for you though. I mean, sure, obsession is bad, and there's always the chance he could overindulge himself and die from exertion, but what a way to go, right?

But still, you're right, a consort alone would be like a bandaid on a sizable wound. How about you interact with him every day in some way? Like, regicide? The regicide club could get very big if we keep inviting people to it, haha.

Also yeah go talk to whoever's in charge of guarding your brother, and warn them about a possible prison break attempt. If they increase security enough to fend off the reinforcements or at least make it clear that they'd lose most of their men in the process, it should be fine.

>>725744
noooooooooo
No hooking up Briannah and Helios.
>>
No. 725749 ID: 8ec390

>I’m just getting a bit of revenge for something your son here did earlier today.
Don't you have a favor you need to quit stalling on first, Bri?

In addition to being morally indefensible, Dad's far too old for that crap and she knows it. How about a hunting trip? That'll give him something low-key to look forward to.
>>
No. 725751 ID: 230f46

Ask her if she knows of any female of her group that could be willing to do this, and is trustworthy enough to not use this against us. If she does, then this plan could go, but, just to be sure, you have to remind her that it's about cheering your father, and that said, it has to be something casual, being completely sure that It's not going to escalate any further than that. Although I would think of it as a back up plan.

I support the idea of inviting him to the Regicide club... I hope He knows that you mean the game, and not the actual thing.
>>
No. 725775 ID: 094652

He was distracted by the toaster

JUST GET HIM A "JUNIOR ELECTRICIAN'S MY FIRST INNOVATION CRAFTING KIT"!
>>
No. 725829 ID: c43722

Whisper to Bri that getting laid isn't going to fix your father's problems. That hole is far too big to plaster over with sex. But... You admit it would probably be okay if he did get some, in moderation. And with a large variety of other things that raise his mood. You just don't want to trade him being a drunken old man with being a lecherous one, y'know. ...But what you think your father needs the most is companionship. And you don't mean of the sexual kind... Well, not just that. Someone to confide in. To talk with. To be romantic with... ...Hm. Actually, maybe... You could find someone for him... A Sakkilian. One around his age, who in a similar way lamented the war keeping her from the feathery guys. One who is a widow, divorced or never married. One who's personality and interests mesh with your father's. One you could arrange to visit the palace and meet your father and see if they hit it off... Ask Bri what she thinks of this idea. Of trying to set your father up with someone.

How about you suggest that your father and you some of the things he wished he had the time for when you were growing up now that he has the time. You'd like that as well, wouldn't you? And how about you share your hobbies with him too. Like playing Regicide. He can join the Regicide club. And you could take him to the firing range and teach him how to shoot and shoot targets. And you've read a lot of books so maybe if he reads them as well you could talk about them. And he has to have a mental list of books he wished he had time to read as well, right? And what about all the places he wished he could visit but couldn't 'cause of his royal duty? Well, now he's free to go. And maybe some time you and Bri could come along as well. In fact, Bri mentioned you and her visiting the Empire at some point, so it'd be nice if he came with you two as well.

Give your father a playful poke in the belly and tell him that maybe he can take up exercising in the morning with you too. Then those poor vest buttons wouldn't have to work so hard, eh? Of course you don't expect him to keep up with a young guy like you, but it'd still do him good to get up and about.

You know your father deeply regrets how his royal obligations took him away from you and your siblings and how you all turned out, so how about telling he could have something of a second chance, with the next generation. To do what he wished he could do with you and your siblings with Kira's children. Be a big part of their lives and make sure they're raised right. And you and Bri'll will help him as well. Or at least you, if Bri doesn't want to be that involved. You think you'd do well playing the part of the cool uncle, eh?

You think it'd kinda be setting your father up for failure if you cut him off cold turkey (no pun intended,) so tell him you'll let him have a ration of alcohol so he isn't totally hitting a wall here. You're thinking one glass of wine, or drink with equivalent alcohol content, a day, with a meal, and two small glasses of liquor per week, maximum one per day. And tell your father's servants your plan and ask them to execute it for you.

...Okay, you feel like you'll die of embarrassment doing this, but you should speak with your father about... getting some. Take him aside and in a whisper tell him that you feel like you're going to die from embarrassment asking him this, then ask him if he's thought about getting a... A Sakkilian courtesan. You ask 'cause... Well, he's obviously had unfulfilled desires building up for a long time, going by his drunken ogling of Bri, and you think he may feel better for relieving them. From time to time and not too often, of course.

When you leave, make sure to give your father a good, solid hug and tell him you love him.

>…oh crap, if that’s true… you really should warn someone about this!
Yes, starting with those who're going with you to see Karas; That's Bri, Sisah, Bri's bodyguard Agissa, and possibly Doxan if he's shadowing Bri right now. Find out how possible they think it is and ask them to be extra wary, just in case that is what it is and it goes down when y'all are there. You should also pick up a couple more of your personal guards on the way there, as extra protection. Oh, and double-check that your holstered pistols are properly loaded and ready to fire, in case shit does go down.

If Doxan is lurking about, ask him to go tail one of the suspicious soldiers. See if they meet with anyone odd or do anything unusual and if they do report back to you ASAP.

Write a signed and sealed note to Kira informing her about the extra soldiers patrolling the palace and grounds, that they're all Vark, and that Cain mentioned to you that General Thalia was seen with Karas multiple times after he got back from the trade expedition. Write that you suspect these might be connected, and that your first guess is they're going to attempt a jailbreak, but you admit that's just speculation. Add that you thought she should know right away so she can possibly look into if there's anything to it and take appropriate actions, and you ask she send you a reply soon. Have it rushed over and given to Kira as soon as she's out of her lunch meeting with those nobles.

>>725744
If you consider a threesome between a father, his son and his son's wife less strange than the son getting his butt stuffed by a ovale Serpens, then your sense of strange is out of whack.

>>725749
>Don't you have a favor you need to quit stalling on first, Bri?
That is a jackass thing to say to Bri in this situation and it should not be said. Seriously, that subject is a major sore spot with her. Poking it will just make her upset at Kronos. And why would you even think this would be an appropriate response? ...Oh, you're the one who suggested outing Bri's secret to Belseth earlier. No wonder you suggested something as inconsiderate as this.
>>
No. 725849 ID: f562b1

Well, the vice of consorts is a lot healthier than that of alcohol. You'll just have to make sure a good bunch of his time is scheduled to prevent him from spending all his time with one.
>How about you interact with him every day in some way?
This should be a good idea, yes. You did promise to help him out when you said you'd get rid of the alcohol, so spending some time with him, talking about the Kingdom, the garden, songs or books; anything you can think of to get him focused on some random little thing should help, since you probably won't want to play games every time you meet up.
>JUST GET HIM A "JUNIOR ELECTRICIAN'S MY FIRST INNOVATION CRAFTING KIT"!
Actually, there probably are kits like that. A "Battery" that supplies a weak current of energy to the board (to prevent users from injuring themselves) for the junior/first versions, and as he gets into the more complex designs, you could get him better kits. Hell, building something with him should be fun.
Although, I think what he enjoyed most about the toaster was the toast. They're Birds Varkian, so they love toast.
>>…oh crap, if that’s true… you really should warn someone about this!
>Yes, starting with those who're going with you to see Karas; That's Bri, Sisah, Bri's bodyguard Agissa, and possibly Doxan if he's shadowing Bri right now.
When you go to see him, don't ask him if he's planning it, but tell him that if your hopes are true and he does get to continue living... "Please just don't come back. We may disagree and no longer like who the other has proven to be, but we were still brothers, and I don't want you getting into more trouble."
>>
No. 725851 ID: 2a7417

>>725775
ALWAYS invest points in Toaster Repair!
>>
No. 726081 ID: 65a774
File 146428525179.png - (52.52KB , 686x526 , 20.png )
726081

>And that's what you get for telling Bel that Bri has had visions without Bri's permission to give that information!
Note to self, stop pissing of Bri… she can get very annoying very quickly.
>He was distracted by the toaster. JUST GET HIM A "JUNIOR ELECTRICIAN'S MY FIRST INNOVATION CRAFTING KIT"!
Hmm… you’re not sure if he’s actually interested in magical inventions or if he was just interested in the toast.
>Sex isn't bad for you though. I mean, sure, obsession is bad, and there's always the chance he could overindulge himself and die from exertion, but what a way to go, right?
Even if it might be better than the alternative, it’s still icky to think about.
>How about you interact with him every day in some way? Like, regicide?
You definitely should try to spend more time with him, be it playing games or something else. You probably can just come by and talk with him some everyday if anything.

>The obvious solution here is to have a threesome with your wife and your father.
What!? No, that’s… ew!
>You're walking around with eggs up your ass from your last sexual experience, so this can't be any more strange.
And those eggs weren’t from my own father! Geez, even if-
:BriannahSB: Heh, are yah thinking about ‘aving a threesome with ye father, eh?
:KronosSB: W-what!? How did you- I mean, of course not! That would be-
:BriannahSB: Oh, don’t be such a prude! Yah’re not the first father and son I’ve fucked, I’ll ‘ave yah ‘now. In fact, I’m pretty sure I mended their relationship by being the “bridge” between them… hehe…
:KronosSB: That’s… I didn’t need to know that…
:BriannahSB: Of course, even if yah don’t want to join in, I’ll still fuck ye dad, eh? I’ll ‘ave my tail so far up his-
:KronosSB: I can’t tell if you’re still messing with me or you’re serious anymore… either way, you’re evil, you know that?
:BriannahSB: Hehe…


>Whisper to Bri that getting laid isn't going to fix your father's problems. That hole is far too big to plaster over with sex.
:BriannahSB: Well, then we’ll just need more sex until it does!
:KronosSB: That’s not how it works! That’s not how anything works!
:BriannahSB: But it can’t ‘urt, can it?
>But what you think your father needs the most is companionship. And you don't mean of the sexual kind... Someone to confide in. To talk with. To be romantic with...
:BriannahSB: So, a partner, eh? Hmm…
>Ask her if she knows of any female of her group that could be willing to do this, and is trustworthy enough to not use this against us.
:BriannahSB: Well, I do ‘ave some old noble ladies and the like who might be interested… a king is always a rather tasty treat to get, so I’m sure I won’t ‘ave problems finding people that’s interested.
>One around his age, who in a similar way lamented the war keeping her from the feathery guys. One who is a widow, divorced or never married. One who's personality and interests mesh with your father's.
:BriannahSB: Okay, now yah’re just asking for the moon ‘ere! I might be able to do some of that, but not all!

>How about you suggest that your father and you some of the things he wished he had the time for when you were growing up now that he has the time.
:HeliosSB: Oh, you’ve grown past most of the things I wished to do with you, son… though there are a few things I’ve been thinking about… what was it again?
>How about a hunting trip? That'll give him something low-key to look forward to.
:HeliosSB: Hunting? Why, I haven’t hunted it… the five knows how many years. Heh, I remember my father taking me out hunting… why, it would be a splendid time, wouldn’t it? We must make time sometime next month to travel out to the old summer mansion, eh? There are some real nice hunting grounds and fishing waters- Fishing! There we have it! That’s one of the things I wanted to do with you…
:KronosSB: Fishing? I’ve not really fished a lot, actually…
:HeliosSB: So, next month, just you, me and maybe your wife. Hunting, fishing and living the life out there at the lake… with servants and guards too, of course!
>What about all the places he wished he could visit but couldn't 'cause of his royal duty? Well, now he's free to go.
:HeliosSB: Places to visit? Oh, why, I would like to see the world… but, this old body isn’t up for it anymore, I’m afraid…
>And maybe some time you and Bri could come along as well. In fact, Bri mentioned you and her visiting the Empire at some point, so it'd be nice if he came with you two as well.
:HeliosSB: The Empire? Why, that is within traveling distance that this body can handle, isn’t it? Oh, I’ve always wanted to tour the imperial palace… never had the chance under the peace talks to do that… and I’ve heard of a famous forum there that holds the loveliest theatrical plays. I’ve always loved theater! Why, a vacation with you would be a splendid time indeed!
>Give your father a playful poke in the belly and tell him that maybe he can take up exercising in the morning with you too. Then those poor vest buttons wouldn't have to work so hard, eh?
:HeliosSB: Exercising? Bah, I get enough exercising getting up from the bed in the morning! But you’re right about the buttons… I might want to invest in larger clothes…
:BriannahSB: Are yah sure? We usually work out together and it would be nice to ‘ave more company on our runs.
:HeliosSB: You run, eh? …hmm… you know, maybe I should give it a try… though I don’t think I’ll be doing any running. A brisk walking pace will be enough for me.
>You think it'd kinda be setting your father up for failure if you cut him off cold turkey (no pun intended,) so tell him you'll let him have a ration of alcohol so he isn't totally hitting a wall here.
:HeliosSB: Rationalize? While I won’t say no to a drink, it feels a bit much if you ask me, son.

>Take him aside and in a whisper tell him that you feel like you're going to die from embarrassment asking him this, then ask him if he's thought about getting a... A Sakkilian courtesan.
:HeliosSB: Hoho, no need to be embarrassed son! Why, I have to admit the thought have passed me more than once in my lonelier moments, but… I am not a man, old as I may be, that want something so… superficial. No, if I was ever to replace your mother, bless her soul, it would be something a bit more... deep and important. I’d like to think your mother would have wanted me to move on to something a bit more emotional than just a courtesan. But alas, when I got over my grief from the loss of her I was already an old man…
:BriannahSB: Now, I don’t think that will be a problem. I ‘now myself a few ladies of age that are looking for significant others as well, a few I might be able to introduce to yah if yah so wishes.
:HeliosSB: …OH! You mean like… oh… I… I don’t think I’m ready for something like that but… a few introductions won’t hurt, will it? I do like meeting new people after all.
:BriannahSB: I’ll see which ones are eager to meet yah, so we can plan a little get together, eh?
:HeliosSB: I would like that, yes…


>Write a signed and sealed note to Kira informing her about the extra soldiers patrolling the palace and grounds, that they're all Vark, and that Cain mentioned to you that General Thalia was seen with Karas multiple times after he got back from the trade expedition
You write a note informing your sister about your suspicions and that she might want to act as soon as possible. Just as you’re done, Cain seemingly appears out of nowhere as usual, apparently bearing the time of your meeting with the Queen herself.

:CainSB: I’ll have it delivered at once sir. Now, your sister said that she will be able to see you in a little bit more than an hour, so don’t start anything time consuming, sir. Anything else I can be of service of before I take my leave?

…well, and suddenly you got a deadline. You should still be able to visit your brother if you wish… but, is that really a wise idea? If Thalia is planning something, you might accidently stumble into a dangerous situation… again. Of course, if you don’t, maybe she will succeed in springing your brother? Of course, the chance of it happening right now would be minimal, wouldn’t it? But with your luck… still, you do have other things to do. Finding more information about those catacombs… checking out the odd growth… talking to Tim about a lot of things… maybe just take a break with Bri? Hmm… what to do…
>>
No. 726103 ID: 398fe1

>>726081
If the jailbreak is attempted while you're there, then that will give you a chance to help stop it, right? Belseth hasn't warned you of another death, so I kinda doubt it'll be dangerous anyway.

Just in case, you can wear your armor, and bring protection.
>>
No. 726121 ID: f562b1

>You run, eh? …hmm… you know, maybe I should give it a try…
...Shut up, thoughts. We'll just have to hope that if Bri does find somebody, they like to take walks or jogs too, and don't mind him being a little behind.
>While I won’t say no to a drink, it feels a bit much if you ask me, son.
A small glass of wine can get the body going, it's just too much and you put a strain on the liver is all. It's this, or a pitcher of non-fermented juice!
>Okay, now yah’re just asking for the moon ‘ere! I might be able to do some of that, but not all!
I think the main point is around his age--
>I ‘now myself a few ladies of age that are looking for significant others as well
Something she seems to be willing to handle just fine. We'll have to just trust her on this.

>Hmm… what to do…
Take a break with Bri, and stop worrying about everything for once. You're going to give yourself a heart attack before your father gets one at this rate!
Thing is, your own sister was the one who set the date for the trial so soon, so maybe she was expecting an attempted jailbreak, and already has the means to deal with it readied. She's had a lot of plans in place ahead of time, why not trust in that nature for once?
>>
No. 726132 ID: 8ec390

>W-what!? How did you-
You're blurting out like your brother. Your intelligence and silver tongue won't do you any god if you don't use 'em, you know.
>Hmm… what to do…
Keep your head down. You've done your due diligence informing your sister, and unless you're a southpaw, you won't be able to aim at anything as long as you're blind in your right eye. Go to the library to research the catacombs, or talk to Tim about it.
>>
No. 726145 ID: 91ee5f

I think we've been running around too much lately. Let's just sit back and relax with Bri.
>>
No. 726317 ID: 65a774
File 146436646974.png - (39.04KB , 686x526 , 21.png )
726317

>You're blurting out like your brother.
She ambushed you with her statement, leaving you open and confused for a second there, thus you’re blurting. How should she have known you were… of course, Bri probably just assumed you were thinking something dirty but still, her timing was inexplicable.
>You've done your due diligence informing your sister, and unless you're a southpaw, you won't be able to aim at anything as long as you're blind in your right eye.
You’re not sure, but you think you usually aim with your left eye, actually? Hmm… Speaking of aiming, you really need to get out to the target range and try shooting, as your aim must have changed even if it wasn’t the eye you use the most that was lost.

>If the jailbreak is attempted while you're there, then that will give you a chance to help stop it, right?
Or make things worse by becoming a hostage? You rather let the guards do the jobs they’ve trained for instead of trying to play hero… especially consider what happened last time…
>Belseth hasn't warned you of another death, so I kinda doubt it'll be dangerous anyway.
You’re pretty sure Belseth isn’t omniscient… and death might be one of the worse things that can happen, sure, but it isn’t the only bad thing that might happen either.
>Just in case, you can wear your armor, and bring protection.
You’re already wearing your mithril mail… as well as having Sisah in top shape following you around… and Bri’s bodyguard, Agissa or what her name was… and let’s not forget about Bri herself. You’re pretty protected, as long as you don’t run into an attempted jailbreak or something.
>Thing is, your own sister was the one who set the date for the trial so soon, so maybe she was expecting an attempted jailbreak, and already has the means to deal with it readied. She's had a lot of plans in place ahead of time, why not trust in that nature for once?
Yeah, you did warn her after all… and even if it is too late, she’s bound to have him well protected.
>Stop worrying about everything for once. You're going to give yourself a heart attack before your father gets one at this rate!
Yeah… you better calm down a bit… breathe a bit… of course, it isn’t easy when there are still mad gods and what might be real gods going around messing stuff up…


>I think we've been running around too much lately. Let's just sit back and relax with Bri.
After bidding farewell to your father and making sure the servants knows what he can or cannot drink, you two leave to find a private place to listen to the rain in.

:BriannahSB: So… ‘unting, huh? I’ve always liked ‘unting, so I’m sure it will be fun.
:KronosSB: …really? I didn’t take you for someone who sneaks around with a rifle or bow.
:BriannahSB: Bow? Bah! I ‘unt with spear and traps!
:KronosSB: …wait, what exactly do you usually hunt?
:BriannahSB: Oh, yah ‘now, things like boars, bears, wereboars, werebears, owlbears, owlboars, molebeasts, thornfiends, clawvipers, bearboars, boarbears, bearbears, werebearbearboars and sometimes even wyverns. Well… I’ve only successfully ‘unted a wyvern once…
:KronosSB: Wait, didn’t you say you hunted down the wyvern who’s eye is in the matrimony bracelet you gave me?
:BriannahSB: Exactly! It ‘appened last winter.
:KronosSB: That must be quite the tale… you know, we have time right now, don’t we?
:BriannahSB: Well, if yah want to ‘ear it then… let’s see… it started when I was in the northern parts of the Empire, near the heavenly pillars mountain chain…
>>
No. 726318 ID: 65a774
File 146436647971.png - (35.09KB , 686x526 , 22.png )
726318

:BriannahSB: -and as tradition, as the one who dealt the killing blow I got to choose my reward first. I choose its eyes, as they have a rather significant value in our culture… and… um… a bit of personal value to myself as well. In fact, the main reason why I went on the ‘unt in the first place was to get a pair of flawless, crystalized ice wyvern eyes.
:KronosSB: …there’s no way it happened like that…
:BriannahSB: I might ‘ave exaggerated a bit but… mostly, yes. I did indeed leap from the cliff side to plunge my spear into its ‘eart, that part is true.
:KronosSB: Of course it is… wait, what happened to… what was his name? Kloun?
:BriannahSB: Oh, so far ‘e’s survived, but ‘is leg didn’t make it. Though, ‘e’s lucky that ‘e only lost a leg after the wyvern tore him up like that.

:KiraSB: Why, that is quite the fascinating story, Briannah, thank you for sharing it with us.
:KronosSB: S-sis!? Where did- but-
:BriannahSB: W-wait, ‘ow long ‘ave yah been standing there!?
:SisahSB: For about five minutes, ma’am.
:BriannahSB: Forgive me but, I didn’t know I was in the presence of ye excellency, oh great Queen! I beg for your mercy for-
:KiraSB: There’s no need for that, Lady Briannah… and call me Kira. Geez, does everyone have to do that?
:BriannahSB: B-but… y-you’re the-
:KiraSB: Stop it, get up from the floor, sit down and breathe, lady Briannah… now, you wanted to see me, Kronos?
>>
No. 726328 ID: 8ec390

>You’re not sure, but you think you usually aim with your left eye, actually?
...What the hell does your shooting stance look like? are you cocking your head sixty degrees, or your wrist?

> now, you wanted to see me, Kronos?
Well hello to you too Kira. Did you get my note?

Can we speak in private for a minute?

When you're alone, say you're concerned she's acting extra-judicially when it's convenient, but that's not an excuse, even if whoever gets the short end of the stick is an asshole. If she references planting evidence in Karas' room that's good, if she brings up Qelba that's even better. (if she asks how you know about the latter, say 'I do now'. don't snitch on Bri whatever she says. ) In any case, say you doubt that's the end of what she's up to, and that you don't want her going the same way as your brothers. If she gets defensive or offensive or whatever because she thinks you're opposing her, say you don't need to- you hadn't the slightest idea what your late brother was up to, and barely had any idea what Karas was up to either. Her subterfuge will catch up to her on its own, and if you were opposing her you'd let it. You'd rather that not happen, though. Being an only child sounds lousy.
>>
No. 726331 ID: 4854ef

>There’s no need for that, Lady Briannah… and call me Kira. Geez, does everyone have to do that?

You do sound cold at times when you speak, it presents an image that you are not to be denied but it also keeps those in fear of you.
>>
No. 726332 ID: 8ec390

>>726331
I think it means she doesn't want the job, and her expression says the same thing. Hopefully it means she'll listen.
>>
No. 726333 ID: 91ee5f

>Sister appears out of nowhere.
Something tells me that Cain might've given her some of his training, but she's not as good as him, cause Sisah saw her coming. Or maybe you actually were distracted this time? Either way, Cain does it so often, you should be used to one of your friends doing that to you at least once a day by now.

>Geez, does everyone have to do that?
>You wanted to see me, Kronos?
"Yes, I did, but first I have to do something." Now, Kronos, get on your knees and start doing all that stuff Bri was doing, just to mess with your sister. Then, when she tells you to stop, just stand up and say, "But seriously, congratulations on becoming Queen, sis." And then give her a nice warm hug!

One of the things we should talk about should be about General Thalia, and if we should be worried about that or not.

After having a talk with her, tell her to get some sleep or something, she looks like she's about to pass out! And if she says she can't cause of the trial, then tell her to sleep after the trial, because you're really worried that she's going to work herself to death before she's even been queen for a full day!
>>
No. 726342 ID: 398fe1

>>726318
Oh, that's a good sign. She isn't letting the power go to her head.

Well first, ask if she got your note. You suspect there might be an attempted jailbreak. Second, uh, ask her not to manipulate you from here on-- can't she just tell you what's going on if she wants you to do something for her? It's starting to become a pattern with people around you.
>>
No. 726405 ID: 811228

>B-but… y-you’re the-
And you're the Sakkilan princess, even if it's as removed as I originally was.
I'm glad you had time to see me, Kira, though the main reason for my request wasn't very informal. If you think it's important to keep them secret, I understand, but do you have reasons for the speedy trial?

I saw father earlier... this hit him pretty hard, he was drinking a bit much. I've removed his liquor so he doesn't kill himself of liver poisoning, and will be spending a lot more time with him; if there's anything you want me to talk to him about, I can, but he wanted me to speak with our former brother before the trial for him. Will that be okay?
>>
No. 726653 ID: 65a774
File 146454447734.png - (42.84KB , 686x526 , 23.png )
726653

>Something tells me that Cain might've given her some of his training, but she's not as good as him, cause Sisah saw her coming. Or maybe you actually were distracted this time?
You’re pretty sure you were just completely distracted by the story Bri was telling you. It was quite engaging and interesting.

>Kronos, get on your knees and start doing all that stuff Bri was doing, just to mess with your sister.
:KronosSB: Your excellency honors us with your presence, oh exalted Queen, and we wish of nothing else than to be of service to your greatn-
:KiraSB: Kronos, please, I have neither the time or patience today to endure your tomfoolery.
:KronosSB: Then let me just say Congratulations on becoming Queen, sis.

As soon as you go in for the hug, she takes a step forward and embraces you tightly, pressing herself against you.

:KiraSB: Thank you, brother, it means a lot to hear you say that. Hmm… maybe I should congratulate you as well, as I’ve heard that your relationship is going quite flawlessly?
:KronosSB: Well, there are still a few flaws here and there… but it’s going well, yes.
:KiraSB: That is good to hear… and Briannah? Can you please calm down a bit? I’m just another person, after all.
:BriannahSB: But… y-yah’re the Queen of the whole nation?
:KronosSB: And you’ll soon be the princess, Briannah, now stop acting so timid and enjoy the time with your soon to be sister in law.
:BriannahSB: …Princess? …I… I guess?
>Did you get my note?
:KiraSB: Why yes, and you needn’t worry. I’m positive that I’ve taken the necessary precautions to keep our former brother safely locked away. But… you think general Thalia is behind it? I’ll need to look into that a bit deeper… as well as make sure your observations of the extra soldiers are correct. Either way, thank you for warning me, brother.
>You do sound cold at times when you speak, it presents an image that you are not to be denied but it also keeps those in fear of you.
:KiraSB: I guess I do… but that will be the curse of someone that expect people to do what they are ordered to do…

>Ask her not to manipulate you from here on-- can't she just tell you what's going on if she wants you to do something for her?
:KiraSB: Manipulate you?
:KronosSB: Just tell me what your plans are with me.
:KiraSB: No offence, Kronos, but I like to keep my plans as far away as possible from you. The only plan I currently have is that you’ll marry Briannah and be happy with her, maybe get a few kids on the way.
:KronosSB: Is that really it? Is that the only thing you want?
:KiraSB: What I want is to travel south, lay down on a nice, warm beach and just sunbathe the days away, but that will not happen, will it? No, this nation needs a strong and wise leader, a responsibility that has fallen on me. So what I want is irrelevant… what this nation need, on the other hand, is a symbol of cooperation between us and our allies, which you and your wife are becoming. Oh, one thing that I do want is your trust. I can understand your lack of trust for the moment, but please… it wounds me to see that you think of me like this.
>Tell her to get some sleep or something, she looks like she's about to pass out!
:KiraSB: I sleep at night as everyone else, Kronos, don’t you worry. Though, I have to admit I am a bit overworked… sadly, the war did take a toll on this land by killing of most of us that were competent.

>If you think it's important to keep them secret, I understand, but do you have reasons for the speedy trial?
:KiraSB: Personally, I wanted to have the trial at a later date, but… let just say we found a lot of solid proof that he committed a few murders of noble Sakkilian families, who are now demanding swift justice. So, to keep our new allies appeased…
:KronosSB: …Proof?
:KiraSB: If you want all the grisly details… he had constructed quite a secret chamber in his apartment, filled with all kind of things, including a journal and trophies of his deeds… eyes to be exact…
:KronosSB: …w-wait, eyes? How many did he murder!?
:KiraSB: By his own hands? We have proof of two… but he has also ordered the death of eight others, including a major Qelba who you knew. Not to mention that he had at least two dozen other murders planned, including my own, and plans of complete genocide of the whole empire.
:KronosSB: Oh… that’s a… a lot…
>Say you're concerned she's acting extra-judicially when it's convenient, but that's not an excuse, even if whoever gets the short end of the stick is an asshole.
:KiraSB: I’m just trying to remove a madman from power, nothing more. He won’t be tried for the things he didn’t do… not that he needs to, as what he did far outweighed it.
>I saw father earlier... this hit him pretty hard, he was drinking a bit much. I've removed his liquor so he doesn't kill himself of liver poisoning, and will be spending a lot more time with him.
:KiraSB: Ah, good… you do remember I asked you to look after him, correct? I’ve heard he didn’t take it well, and I’ve made some time later today to visit him, but what he needs right now is not a replacement, but a loving son.
>If there's anything you want me to talk to him about, I can.
:KiraSB: if there is anything I want to talk to him about I’ll just visit him myself, Kronos.

>He wanted me to speak with our former brother before the trial for him. Will that be okay?
:KiraSB: I would recommend not to, but if father really wishes for it… I do want to keep the people who visit his location to a minimum. Besides, I don’t think he will be happy to see you at all.
:KronosSB: So, the palace prison is off limits to everyone?
:KiraSB: Indeed… though that is not where he is located. Well, officially he is…
:KronosSB: …wait, then where is he?
:KiraSB: He is in a location nearby that is only known to the royal family and the kings guard… or is it the Queens guard now? Royal guard?
:KronosSB: …wait, a location that only we… um… you put him in the safe room father built under the war?
:KiraSB: Our former brother doesn’t need a prison to hold him, do he? But yes, as I said, I rather not let anyone visit him, especially someone who would agitate him, but if you insist… Now, were there anything else on your heart?
>>
No. 726720 ID: 91ee5f

>Children.
How are we supposed to have kids on the way? I thought that because we were different races, we couldn't naturally have kids with each other. I don't like the thought of being with some other Varkian woman just to have a child, and I certainly don't like the thought of Bri being with another Sakkilian male either! We would need to adopt to have any children, right?

>General Thalia.
We suspect her because she's had many private meetings with brother. And the fact that she and her soldiers show up on the day of brother's trial is very suspicious. It could be a coincidence, but you know the old saying, "Better safe than sorry."
>>
No. 726730 ID: f352c6

>maybe get a few kids on the way.
Do you expect us to breed with cinsorts? ...or are there alchemical formulas that make that possible now?
>>
No. 726733 ID: c43722

>>726720
>We suspect her because she's had many private meetings with brother.
We don't know that. All Cain said was that she was seen around Karas a lot after he got back from leading the trade fleet, which implies they were seen in public by servants. (See >>/questarch/691080 for what Cain said.) And given it's third-hand hearsay from Cain, who heard it from who we don't know, whoever he heard it from will have to be questioned and how credible they are determined before it'll be worthwhile info.

>And the fact that she and her soldiers show up on the day of brother's trial is very suspicious.
General Thalia didn't just show up; She's been here the whole time. And we don't know the soldiers are from under her command here in the capital garrison. They could have come from elsewhere and just arrived today. If that's the case then they could be from under another general's command. For all we know they could be executing part of a plan arranged months ago, before Karas left on the trade fleet. Also, Karas' trial is tomorrow, not today.
>>
No. 726736 ID: 8ec390

>Manipulate you?
>I like to keep my plans as far away as possible from you.
>I’m just trying to remove a madman from power, nothing more.
...You know, for all my urging to call out Kira, it turns out Bri is the one who's looking guilty. There's been no evidence but Bri's word that the faux poisoning was ordered by your sister. In comparison to the maybe-planted evidence in karas' room and the forethought involved in keeping him locked up outside the prison, the frame job looks chancy as hell, not to mention pointless in the face of what your brother was actually under suspicion for. Definitely not Kira's MO. Has Bri been playing us?
>Well, officially he is…
It would have been awkward if we showed up to find an empty jail cell and started calling wolf. At least we were saved that embarrassment. Let's check up on him later, like when he's being moved for the trial.
>maybe get a few kids on the way.
Do you know something I don't?
>>
No. 726746 ID: c43722

Alright, Kronos, it's time to tell Kira about what the Archbishop told you in your meeting with her, what you've gleaned about what the Archbishop is up to and your misgivings as to her motives. Then she can turn her royal authority towards investigating the Archbishop's and the Temple's dealings. Of course you'll have to leave out anything you got from or related to Xuv and other paranormal sources, keeping it to what you've heard and observed that can be corroborated by other mere mortals and lying to make that fit together. This also means you'll have to spill that you have the prayer book and foolishly performed the rituals in it, sharing the truth of what happened with the non-Xuv ones, and only sharing what most others could see at the Xuv ones, since it'll come out in the investigation. And you'll also have to break your promise to Belseth to keep what he said to yourself and share what he's said and his misgivings that are likely related to the Archbishop's actions and plans. Stress that you don't break your promise to Belseth lightly but the situation is important enough to and you do not want him to find out you did. And also share what was on the papers he dropped. And also tell of Elete, you foolishly doing the ritual to Gaisia with her and Bri, and that you later figured out she gave you a false name and she was likely one of the Archbishop's trusted people. Kira can corroborate part of what you've said here with Sisah, Tim, Cain, and Briannah, but don't bring Belseth in. You don't want him knowing you broke your promise. Lay it all out for Kira and ask what she's going to do and what she wants you to do. She'll probably want you to write it all down for the reference of whoever she puts on investigating it.

>>726736
But why would Bri have reason to play Kronos? It makes so much more sense that Kira would collaborate with Bri and company on this 'cause Karas had a total blind spot for Sakkilians being clever. It makes sense to fake a poisoning attempt to embolden Karas and his co-conspirators so they'd get cocky and push out where they could be caught, then plant evidence in the secret compartment of Karas' chest that he gave the order for that poisoning. Finding that planted evidence then gives enough legal cause to rip Karas' apartment apart, down to the studs and joists, and find the real evidence of his serious crimes. And the trumped up charge that Karas was attempting to murder Kronos was enough to do a search of Karas' apartment to find the planted evidence.

>Let's check up on him later, like when he's being moved for the trial.
That's not going to be until tomorrow, and Kira probably doesn't want Karas to be agitated right before the trial by Kronos' visit. ...Actually, thinking about it, Kira may want Karas to be agitated going into the trial. If he's blowing up left, right and center during the proceedings that may reinforce he's a dangerous madman. We'll have to hear what Kira says about when it'd be best to see Karas.
>>
No. 726748 ID: 398fe1

Ok you know what? It doesn't even matter which of the two is responsible for using you as a pawn, just so long as they stop. You've said your peace and hopefully that's the end of it. If it happens again then we can look deeper and nail down some blame, at which point you can make it very clear they've betrayed your trust.

Ask her about Cain. He can't just be a normal butler. It's getting to the point that he's just showing off his skills.
>>
No. 726795 ID: c43722

You should tell Kira that you worry about her driving herself too hard and overworking herself. She said this nation needs a strong and wise queen, and a wise queen should know that caring for herself is as important as all her other obligations. That if she's stressed out all the time, not getting good sleep, and feeling tired continuously that leads to at least sub-optimal decisions and missing things. You don't expect her to shirk her duty and lead a carefree life like you, but there has to be some point closer to that then a beak-to-the-grindstone all day and too much of the night life like what she's at or close to. The both of you saw what that did to your father. You don't want her to feel she needs to martyr her life to the cause of Risavia's future. Nor do you think she should turn herself into a load-bearing monarch, upon which the whole nation rests. What happens then if she gets sick, or is otherwise incapacitated for awhile? What you're asking is, is can she delegate a bit of her duties to trusted others. Enough to get a solid nights' sleep every night, and perhaps have a few hours a week to visit or have a meal with you and your father. It's just... You don't want your sister Kira to end up getting lost under Queen Kira, nor her losing herself under the weight of the crown, y'know.

Beyond being a good husband to Bri, you think you can help Risavia even more by making it your duty to watch out for the physical and mental well being of its queen and former king. And that a having direction and purpose in your life now feels good.

And also share with Kira your idea of creating a philanthropic organization for the research and advancement of implant, prosthetic and biomedical magics, with the goal of not just making such things possible, but making it affordable for all. You've already told Belseth and your father about it and they're on board, so you ask if she would give her backing and endorsement as well. Of course, there's the matter of setting up the organization. Writing it's rules, setting up accountancy and governance and making sure it's in line with the law. Perhaps she could point you to someone who has experience that could help you in this.

And when you leave, make sure to give Kira a good parting hug. ...And also ask Bri and if she could bring herself to give her sister-in-law a hug as well.

Remember to ask Bri after you leave why she was so startled and nervous when Kira showed up, and yet she was much more relaxed around your father when he was king. You think it's more than she just comes from a matriarchal culture or that she was in the army. It was like she was afraid she'd be really punished for not showing immediate deference.

Also remember to ask Bri what the cultural significance of a pair of flawless, crystallized ice wyvern eyes is, as well as what the personal value they have to her is.
>>
No. 726807 ID: 8ec390

>>726746
Bri didn't like Qelba personally, and was conflicting with him professionally. She also has no problems- morally or in practice- getting Kronos to do what she wants. Why would Karas need to be additionally emboldened if he already ordered at least seven people killed prior to Qelba, personally committed two murders, and was planning more? Why would Kira depend on a relative newcomer and a perceived incompetent to pull a frame job in an uncontrolled environment when she could have delegated to anybody else to do a neater job like in Karas' room? Why is Briannah now acting in complete deference now, but spoke of her previous 'orders' like they were no big deal?
>>
No. 726808 ID: 65a774
File 146463880225.png - (44.52KB , 686x526 , 24.png )
726808

>Ok you know what? It doesn't even matter which of the two is responsible for using you as a pawn, just so long as they stop.
Did they even try to use you as a pawn or did you just blunder into things again? Urgh, you don’t even know anymore…
>...You know, for all my urging to call out Kira, it turns out Bri is the one who's looking guilty.
But why would Bri… or Kira for that matter… and… um… wait… something isn’t adding up here…
>It would have been awkward if we showed up to find an empty jail cell and started calling wolf. At least we were saved that embarrassment.
They would probably not have let you in no matter what you said… which probably mean you would have tried sneaking in… and with your luck, end up right in the middle of a botched attempt at a jailbreak.


>How are we supposed to have kids on the way?
:KiraSB: …I’m pretty sure you already know about the flowers and the bees, Brother.
:KronosSB: We are different species… you mean that we’ll have to adopt?
:KiraSB: Or possible use a surrogate father and / or mother... both our bloodlines want our noble blood to be passed on, don’t we?
:KronosSB: I… I don’t know about…
:KiraSB: I would suggest that you talked to your wife about it, she has just as much say on this as you, don’t she?
:BriannahSB: …I always wanted to ‘ave a child of my own…
:KronosSB: …maybe there are some potions or… something?
:KiraSB: I would doubt it. As far as I know there isn’t a way to cross the species barrier… or the gender one at that. I know there are a few gender changing potions, but those aren’t made for something so complex as bearing children or even long term changes- wait, I’m getting off topic, aren’t I? But as I said, it is your duty as a child of our family… one of the few that are left I might add, to pass on the blood of the royal family to the next generation. Of course, there is no rush, is it? Just wait a few years and I’m sure both you and your wife have found a solution.
>Alright, Kronos, it's time to tell Kira about what the Archbishop told you in your meeting with her, what you've gleaned about what the Archbishop is up to and your misgivings as to her motives.
:KiraSB: Promises of miracles, interested in your endorsement, strange burst of magic and these odd prayers you mentioned? Hmm… I don’t know what to make of it... and this…this cradle?
:KronosSB: Cradle of souls, yes.
:KiraSB: That does sound too dangerous to be kept in… anyone’s hands, really. I’ll see if I can find out more about all this. In the meantime, please keep yourself away from all this, brother, as I rather not see you get hurt.

>You should tell Kira that you worry about her driving herself too hard and overworking herself. Both of you saw what that did to your father. You don't want her to feel she needs to martyr her life to the cause of Risavia's future.
:KiraSB: We need someone to lead us in these dark times.
:KronosSB: We need someone that isn’t suffering from insomnia and make bad decisions thanks to exhausting themselves…
:KiraSB: As much as I want to take a break, there is so much that-
:KronosSB: And what if you get sick? Or otherwise incapacitated? Then what?
:KiraSB: …I…
:KronosSB: What I’m asking is for you to delegate a bit of your duties to trusted others.
:KiraSB: But I don’t have enough trusted others that I-
:KronosSB: Then find some more! Make some more! This nation needs a strong ruling body, not just one person!
:KiraSB: I… you have a point, Kronos… I’ll see what I can do.
:KronosSB: Thank you… I… I rather not that my sister Kira end up getting lost under the Queen Kira.
:KiraSB: …I promise you I won’t lose who I am, brother… I promise.
:BriannahSB: B-by the five…

>Also share with Kira your idea of creating a philanthropic organization for the research and advancement of implant, prosthetic and biomedical magics, with the goal of not just making such things possible, but making it affordable for all.
:KiraSB: Ah, that does sound like a great project for you to get behind. Sadly, I will not have the time to really help you with that… maybe you should talk to father about it?
:KronosSB: I already did, and he’s willing to help.
:KiraSB: I’m sure with his connections he’ll be far more help than I’d ever be. I’ll wish you luck with your project, brother.
>Let's check up on Karas later, like when he's being moved for the trial.
:KiraSB: As I already said, I would ask that you don’t meet him at all… but if you insist in seeing him I will not stop you. I don’t know how he will react to your presence and I rather not have any surprises tomorrow… and even if his reaction is beneficial, I rather have a just trail than one manipulated like that.
>Ask her about Cain. He can't just be a normal butler.
:KiraSB: Ah, Cain… why are you asking me? Isn’t he one of your best friends?
:KronosSB: …I… I don’t think he would tell me the complete truth.
:KiraSB: Well, neither will I. But, I can give you a question to ask yourself. Why would the King of a nation like ours let his most beloved son play with a poor orphan?
>And when you leave, make sure to give Kira a good parting hug. ...And also ask Bri and if she could bring herself to give her sister-in-law a hug as well.
:BriannahSB: M-me?
:KiraSB: You’re family now too, Lady Briannah, so come here!
:BriannahSB: I… err… oh… um…
:KiraSB: It’s been nice talking to you, brother, but I must take my leave. Now, do behave, you hear? I rather not lose my last brother to some stupid climbing accident or something… goodbye, Kronos, Briannah.
:KronosSB: I’ll be seeing you, sister.

>Remember to ask Bri what the cultural significance of a pair of flawless, crystallized ice wyvern eyes is, as well as what the personal value they have to her is.
:BriannahSB: Hmm? Oh, it’s… well, it’s a really old gift based on an old legend of ours. It’s supposed to be the ultimate symbol of eternal matrimony between a couple, to show that one of them are willing to brave the ice cold death for the other, that their love will be forever until the death finally catches up to them. It’s quite cute, isn’t it?
>Also remember to ask Bri after you leave why she was so startled and nervous when Kira showed up, and yet she was much more relaxed around your father when he was king.
:BriannahSB: She is a powerful person and she ‘nows it. Ye father was, even when officially king, more of a symbol these last few years, as ye sister where the one who’s really been running the country for the last year or so, and I ‘ave great respect for ‘er. So, to be short, she is powerful and I’ve never been good around powerful people… and by my ancestors, I want to eat her so badly…
:KronosSB: …wait, what was that last part!?
:BriannahSB: Hmm? Oh, I just… mumbled a bit…
:SisahSB: She said she wanted to sleep with your sister, sir.
:BriannahSB: Hey! Don’t be a snitch!
:KronosSB: …are you sure?
:SisahSB: I’m positive, sir… to quote her exactly, “By my ancestors, I want to fuck her so badly.”
:BriannahSB: Urg, I admit, I ‘ave a thing for powerful people, alright? ‘appy? Of course, people that stand up to them are even ‘otter, so yah can’t believe ‘ow turned on I became when yah verbally challenged ‘er like that and won!
:KronosSB: …you know, I should have expected that, but I didn’t…

…well, what now? You don’t have anything more time sensitive planned for today… in fact, what do you even have planned for today?
>>
No. 726827 ID: 094652

> gender changing potions
... Great, now you're going to be paranoid about other peoples' genders for the rest of your life. Is it possible that someone you met takes these on a regular basis? I guess you'll find out.

For now, hire an expedition from the local city to investigate the diamond.
>>
No. 726838 ID: 8ec390

>But why would Bri… or Kira for that matter… and… um… wait… something isn’t adding up here…
Tell Bri that you thought she was already in contact with your sister, and see how well she keeps her story straight.
>…maybe there are some potions or… something?
Hopefully Xuv will come through on this front. Tim's summoning her at some point today IIRC, we'll ask her about it then.
> to quote her exactly,
How 'exactly'? And I want to ask "who doesn't she", but I'm afraid of the answer we'll get.

Lets take a walk by the lake and stop by the strange growth.
>>
No. 726841 ID: 98e5f0

Aaaaaand its a future foursome now.
>>
No. 726846 ID: 398fe1

Keep in mind if you DO have kids with Briannah, one of them will be Xuv's chosen. We don't know what will come to pass because of that. Xuv is quite mad and she plans to use the child to recreate her empire.

...I guess you could prevent her meddling in the kid's life by letting Life take her soul. Alternatively we could... threaten her with that, to get her to back off? Boy I doubt she'll react well to that though.
>>
No. 726865 ID: 91ee5f

Now that I think about it, didn't Xuv say that because she was a god it didn't matter if you and Bri were different races, she could make it so that you and Bri could have children the natural way? That means no surrogates or adoptions. Bri will be able to have your biological child, through Xuv's godly intervention.

>and by my ancestors, I want to eat her so badly…
.....I really hope she doesn't mean "eat" like what happened during that Slaver Incident. And if she means "eat" like sexually, then that's not much better.

>Nothing on schedule.
.....is that right? That's.....wow, how long has it been since that happened?

>What to do.
Well, we could get Bri signed up to learn belly dancing! Just think about how hypnotic her hips will be!~

Then again, she did say she was turned on. I guess we could have sex again, but I don't think we should spend the whole day having sex, that takes all the fun out of it.

Wait, I know! We were going to go to the library to find out more about that symbol that both Bri and Bel saw in their visions! And we still need to find out about that rune that Life told us to find and destroy!
>>
No. 726925 ID: f562b1

>to quote her exactly, “By my ancestors, I want to fuck her so badly.”
I thought it was "Eat her out so badly," but I guess it's the same either way.
Only thing I can think of for today is to test out your aim, if it's not raining now.
>>
No. 726935 ID: da1652

Wonder if the Cradle of Souls and the Catacombs of the Godless are related. The undead are corpses with souls trapped in them, right? It would be an easy bet that most of the catacombs fall within the Cradle's boundary.
>>
No. 726940 ID: 65a774
File 146471825368.png - (24.66KB , 686x526 , 25.png )
726940

>... Great, now you're going to be paranoid about other peoples' genders for the rest of your life. Is it possible that someone you met takes these on a regular basis?
You’re pretty sure taking potions like that regularly will lead to some really bad things… like death. Potions are made to be taken in small dosages, after all.
>For now, hire an expedition from the local city to investigate the diamond.
…wait, do you mean the catacombs? You’re not going to hire some random people to investigate those! Though, you really should get someone down there… even if it is yourself…
>We need find out more about that symbol that both Bri and Bel saw in their visions! And we still need to find out about that rune that Life told us to find and destroy!
…something tells you they might be the same symbol… now, where are you supposed to find information about a symbol that might have been completely lost to history?
>Only thing I can think of for today is to test out your aim, if it's not raining now.
It’s still raining, sadly… and the arcane powder powering the guns aren’t really keen on water.

>Aaaaaand its a future foursome now.
…okay, no… just… just ew! That’s your sister and your father! There’s no… No! Just ew!
>Well, we could get Bri signed up to learn belly dancing! Just think about how hypnotic her hips will be!~
You’ve already requested a dance tutor for both of you, hopefully he can teach her a few moves that might entice you a bit extra.
>Now that I think about it, didn't Xuv say that because she was a god it didn't matter if you and Bri were different races, she could make it so that you and Bri could have children the natural way?
She did say that… which is why you two had protection last night. You’re definitely not ready to be a father yet!
>Keep in mind if you DO have kids with Briannah, one of them will be Xuv's chosen.
Which you have no idea what it means, but it can’t be good! Just another reason not to get kids!
>...I guess you could prevent her meddling in the kid's life by letting Life take her soul. Alternatively we could... threaten her with that.
You have no idea how she would react to a threat like that… or even if she would react at all. And feeding her soul to life? That’s… it just feels wrong somehow…
>.....I really hope she doesn't mean "eat" like what happened during that Slaver Incident.
You really hope you misheard her… that it’s just your mind playing tricks on you.
>Then again, she did say she was turned on. I guess we could have sex again.
Let’s take it easy with the fun times, or you might turn into another Bri. You already had a bit of a tumble this morning, didn’t you? So going for a quickie in the middle of the day might be a bit to-

:BriannahSB: Oh, yah want to take a quickie, eh?
:KronosSB: …okay, this is getting a bit scary. How do you know what I’m thinking all the time?
:BriannahSB: Because I can read minds! …or yah just ‘ave a blatant tell whenever yah think about something lewd. So… I’m up for a quickie in one of the bathrooms if yah want to?
:KronosSB: …Actually, I was just thinking about how I didn’t want to do that… though, I might need to visit the bathroom soon anyway… probably before we do anything else.
:BriannahSB: Aw… I was really looking forwards to a quickie…
>How 'exactly'?
:SisahSB: As exactly as it possible is, sir. You can ask her body guard as well.
:NonSB: My lady said she wanted to have intercourse with the queen, my lord.
:BriannahSB: Hey, you’re supposed to be on my side! But yes, I said that. Why do you keep asking?
:KronosSB: Oh, I… I thought I heard something else, that’s all.
>Tell Bri that you thought she was already in contact with your sister, and see how well she keeps her story straight.
:BriannahSB: I’ve only met ‘er once before in person, otherwise it’s been through messages, dove. I ‘ave to admit, it might be because of that I’m a bit sheepish around ‘er… as I was equally sheepish around ye father when we first met to talk about our arranged marriage ‘alf a year ago.

>Let’s take a walk by the lake and stop by the strange growth.
After a quick… “pit stop”, you arrive at the strange growth near the lake. It seems that Tim has already gotten your message, as he is currently setting up some kind of machinery near the mass of fauna. You have to admit, you can’t remember the last time anything near this area has grown this… this big. Something definitely isn’t right here!

Hmm… it doesn’t seem like Tim notice you, even with your royal umbrella trotting almost right up to him. Is he really that consumed by his work?
>>
No. 726964 ID: 91ee5f

>Need to visit bathroom soon.
>"Pit stop".
So, did you finally give birth to those eggs Sisah put in you earlier? Does this mean you're a father now? Or are you a mother because you laid the eggs?

>Used protection last night.
I don't think you understand. Xuv is a GOD and she can make you naturally have children, even though you and Bri are different races. I think she can easily get rid of your protection and then put it back so that you wouldn't notice it was gone!

>Tim working on odd growth.
Ok, after we accidentally scare him, because you know it's going to happen, we should ask what his machinery is supposed to do and if there's anything he needs right now.
>>
No. 727047 ID: 398fe1

>>726940
Yeah it sounds like you misheard her. It might even be that "god" that's been giving you those vivid hallucinations.

Say hello. Ask what's all this cool stuff doing.
>>
No. 727048 ID: ac731d

Be careful though, they look like they might be holding a bloody spear. Might be possed by the thing you told them to check out.
>>
No. 727087 ID: 8ec390

>which is why you two had protection last night.
How'd you sell that?
>You’re definitely not ready to be a father yet!
Why not? It's not like you need to build a crib or knit booties or something. You're royalty. If you really want to, you can pull a your-dad and not get involved in child rearing at all. I'd recommend against that though.
>…or yah just ‘ave a blatant tell whenever yah think about something lewd.
You'll have to look into that later. More specifically, look in a mirror.

>Is he really that consumed by his work?
For that matter, what's up with his eye? What's he holding?
>>
No. 727098 ID: 8ec390

Wait a minute, you wore protection but Sisah didn't???
>>
No. 727173 ID: c43722

Well, Tim does get really engrossed in his work when he finds it particularly interesting, doesn't he? Also, the rain is likely masking the sound of your group's movements, and the grass is muffling your footsteps. Put them together and it's possible he wouldn't even notice Bri walking up behind him.

You should avoid surprising Tim in any way. It's generally a bad idea to startle a mage that's working and particularly focused on a magical task, since they may be mentally holding threads of a spell together, or doing other sensitive work. But even if that's not the case with Tim here, it'd still be courteous to avoid spooking him. Better step back a bit, circle around and approach him from where he can see you coming.

...Wait. It looks like Tim isn't wearing his robe. He's in his proper outfit, isn't he? And does his eye look strangely red to you, or is that just the glow of something he's working on reflecting off it?
>>
No. 727269 ID: 65a774
File 146482306192.gif - (1.52MB , 686x526 , 26.gif )
727269

>So, did you finally give birth to those eggs Sisah put in you earlier? Does this mean you're a father now?
Haven’t you already been over this? That’s not how it works. You’re pretty sure that’s not how it works anywhere! Those eggs actually needs a Serpent male and female to do… um… stuff with them and… you’re not entirely sure how Serpent biology works but you do know that it doesn’t involve your butt… or anyone else’s butt for that matter. But yes, they are gone now… and you feel kind of empty, actually… huh…
>A tell when you’re thinking lewd thought? You'll have to look into that later. More specifically, look in a mirror.
When you have the time… and are completely alone.

>I don't think you understand. Xuv is a GOD and she can make you naturally have children, even though you and Bri are different races.
… … …and you already done it with Bri… dammit, you’re not ready to be a father! Clearly, you have to resort to the oldest way of birth control from now on just to be sure, unless it’s already too late.
>Why not? It's not like you need to build a crib or knit booties or something. You're royalty. If you really want to, you can pull a your-dad and not get involved in child rearing at all.
Because you’re not your father… or your brothers! You’re not going to leave someone that needs you like that, especially if it is your own child! No, if you ever have a child, which you want to in maybe a few years, you’ll make sure it grows up right and proper, with lots of love and happiness!
>Wait a minute, you wore protection but Sisah didn't???
…no, Bri was the one with the protective runes, not you… and you don’t see what kind of protection Sisah should have worn, as last time you checked two dicks can’t really make a baby, can they?
>Yeah it sounds like you misheard her. It might even be that "god" that's been giving you those vivid hallucinations.
You’re not sure why any of the these mad “gods” would make you hear something like that… maybe it’s just because of that story she told you about the slaver… you’ve… you’ve had a hard time getting it out of your mind and… it’s possible it might cloud your perceptions.


>You should avoid surprising Tim in any way. It's generally a bad idea to startle a mage that's working and particularly focused on a magical task.
:KronosSB: *Clears throat*
:TimSB: Hmm? I don’t have time for any interruptions right now! If it isn’t an emergency, come see me tomorrow for whatever- Oh! Kronos! I… I thought it was someone else. Well, as I said, a bit busy, so if it isn’t important… or do you want to know how my research is going?
>Ask what's all this cool stuff is.
:TimSB: Ah, yes, this… it’s a mechanical apparatus containing cifilitig crystalline hardl- it’s a machine that can measure odd magical occurrences. You did say there were some here, yes?
:KronosSB: I did… have you found anything yet?
:TimSB: Well, not really. I’ve taken a sample from the fauna that shows a lot of magical radiation in them, but other than that… well, you can see for yourself, the crystal is supposed to illuminate when it detect magic, but it’s completely… err… black… um… it’s not… that’s kind of… fast?
>>
No. 727270 ID: 65a774
File 146482307009.gif - (1.12MB , 686x526 , 27.gif )
727270

*sssssSSSSSssssssssSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEK*
*Thud*

:TimSB: And… err…
:KronosSB: …did it just… implode!?
:TimSB: I’ve never… um…
:BriannahSB: …wait, what does that mean? Is it bad? Should we run for cover or something?
:TimSB: No, I don’t… think… um…

>And if there's anything he needs right now.
:TimSB: Well, I am going to need a replacement for that apparatus in the future but… as for now? I need time to figure out what just happened… hmm…
:KronosSB: Take as much time as you need, Tim.
:TimSB: Hmm… a large pulse of mana then… nothing? Some kind of feedback, maybe? I felt the power growing but then suddenly… gone. Hmmm… something is… reabsorbing it? Destroying it? Freeing it? Hmm… or was it just the awesome amount of mana that was released that is messing with my senses? No, then there would be more evidence… where is all the evidence? The trees absorb some of it but other than that… why isn’t there more residues? There should be… unless something is removing it somehow? Hmm… maybe if I… or I can… no… hmm… but… if I…
:BriannahSB: Um… do yah think we can be of any ‘elp to ‘im, Kronos? Or should we just leave ‘im to think?
>>
No. 727315 ID: 8ec390

>last time you checked two dicks can’t really make a baby, can they?
Sure, before the forgotten mad god cursed you in order to sire a champion for her. But surely she'll be considerate of your opinions on how reproduction should and should not go down, right?
>cifilitig crystalline hardl-
Gesundheit.
> do yah think we can be of any ‘elp to ‘im, Kronos?
It looks like it was destroyed on purpose, who could do that... Unless, what happens to people who touch the river of mana again?
Tell him about the subterranea , and the square formation the important sites form.
>>
No. 727321 ID: 398fe1

>>727270
Ask him how big a mana battery can be. Maybe something is drawing in sources of magic and storing it, and his device fell prey to it. The growth is from the battery leaking a little, maybe? Or it's from when the battery is used, but whatever's drawing mana into the battery isn't affecting living things. Or maybe the trees and fauna aren't strongly enchanted enough to be targeted.
>>
No. 727349 ID: 5b33cc

>and you feel kind of empty, actually
That's because your gut became accustomed to the eggs and now they're gone so it will take a few minutes for the felling to pass.
But speaking about growing accustomed to things in your butt have you told Bri about your ribbon idea?

>When you have the time… and are completely alone.
Or ask Kain or Sisah

>protection two dicks, etc
What if Xuv magic negates the protection rune and makes you even more fertile?
What you could now breed with any race, what if Sisah pumped Briannah full of eggs and you fertilized the eggs and then Bri gave birth to like a tri-hybrid even though that's probably not how it works but can you imagine.

>it’s possible it might cloud your perceptions.
Maybe she did say eat and you just missed the 'out' part.

>implode
We didn't cause that right? That didn't happen because of weird 'god' magic with us or Briannah right?
>>
No. 727370 ID: 7aa8c3

>>727269
>The oldest way of birth control
Anal!
>>
No. 727399 ID: 91ee5f

.....I think the best thing to do is take a few steps back. Like, WAAAY back. Juuust in case that could suddenly happen to one of you. Once we're at a safe distance, you can ask Tim some questions.

You should show Tim your map with the locations that form a diamond and ask if has any ideas about that.

Then you should show him that symbol that Bri and Bel saw in their visions. Just don't tell him about the visions, Bri and Bel wouldn't be happy about you telling everyone that they have visions. If Tim asks where you saw the symbol, then just lie and say YOU saw it in a vision that YOU had.
>>
No. 727409 ID: 65a774
File 146488057420.png - (137.96KB , 686x526 , 28.png )
727409

>The oldest way of birth control? Anal!
Or her backside… or mouth… or face… just anything but one place, really.
>Sure, before the forgotten mad god cursed you in order to sire a champion for her. But surely she'll be considerate of your opinions on how reproduction should and should not go down, right?
Seeing as she wanted a female wife for Belseth, there has to be some restrictions of what she can do. Otherwise she would just snap her fingers and make Bri pregnant without your intervention at all.
>What if you could now breed with any race? What if Sisah pumped Briannah full of eggs and you fertilized the eggs and then Bri gave birth to like a tri-hybrid?
Okay, that does seem to be outside her power, god or not. You have to remember that she is nearly powerless and stuck in some prison somewhere. Of course, disregarding the whole hybrid thing, that scenario does sound kind of… hot. Maybe you should talk to Sisah about getting revenge on Bri for earlier today and… and… Dammit, Bri really has gotten to you!
>Have you told Bri about your ribbon idea?
You did whisper it to her, but now she wants to see how deep she can go before moving the ribbon. Sufficient to say, that will have to wait a bit…
>Or ask Cain or Sisah about the tell.
Hmm… would they know about it? You’re sure Sisah would be willing to help you try to find it when you have the time if she hasn’t already seen it…


>.....I think the best thing to do is take a few steps back. Like, WAAAY back. Juuust in case that could suddenly happen to one of you.
:KronosSB: You know… maybe we should just take a few steps back before that happens to one of us…
:TimSB: Bah! Poppycock! It was the cifilitig crystals that collapsed into themselves that is the cause of the implosion. Unless you’re hiding highly unstable magical crystals in your pocket you’ll be fine.
:BriannahSB: Still… it might still be dangerous!
:TimSB: The trees are fine, aren’t they? But alright, if it will make you two stop complaining… there, happy?
:KronosSB: …you moved like five steps…
:BriannahSB: Well, I’m staying way over ‘ere if yah need me…
>We didn't cause that right? That didn't happen because of weird 'god' magic with us or Briannah right?
:TimSB: I don’t think you had anything to do with this. The magic clearly radiated from directly below us. Now, what is under us right now? None of the crypts or cellars goes under here, right?
>Tell him about the subterranean , and show him your map with the locations that form a diamond.
:TimSB: Hmmm? This is interesting. The palace is constructed on an old ruin, isn’t it? So it’s possible… and seeing the symmetry, quite likely that there is something below us. Hmm… the catacombs of the godless… I don’t think it was from there… they are too deep down. I think it came from something about the depth of the crypts… so there might be some kind of old crypt below here that is leaking magic? Interesting…

>It looks like it was destroyed on purpose, who could do that...
:TimSB: Err… if someone can control that much magic I wouldn’t want to meet them. No soiree.
>Unless, what happens to people who touch the river of mana again?
:TimSB: ...things that touches the mana stream directly tends to explode violently even if it shouldn’t be able to. This, on the other hand, was some kind of overload followed by a massive energy drain. Not the same thing, you understand. Also, only living things explode, as they are what are trying to touch the stream. Never heard of a machine exploding, only the wizard four rooms away to switched it on.
>Ask him how big a mana battery can be. Maybe something is drawing in sources of magic and storing it, and his device fell prey to it.
:TimSB: I’ve never heard about a battery so powerful that it would contain so much magic. Even the tales from the old world doesn’t mention something like this.

>You should show him that symbol that Bri and Bel saw in their visions.
:TimSB: A symbol? Hmm… I don’t recognize it. Where did you see it?
:KronosSB: In a vision.
:TimSB: …really? You know, if you were anyone else I would have told you that you just made this thing up but… well, actually, I would still tell you that even if it were you… um… where was I? Oh, right, the symbol. Yes, it’s definitely some kind of magic behind it but… I can’t feel what. Not surprising as runes tend to be hard to decipher just like this. No, I think you need to find someone who knows what kind of runes this actually is if you want to know what it does, Kronos.

:BriannahSB: Can we leave? I rather not see anything else start imploding for no reason at all… and it’s starting to get cold and wet out ‘ere…
>>
No. 727464 ID: 398fe1

>>727409
Gonna have to show the rune to Xuv. Ask Tim when he's doing the ritual.
>>
No. 727586 ID: 91ee5f

>>727464
I really don't think we should show Xuv. Besides, I don't think it's a good idea to try and summon her because Life might show up and kill us for trying to get in contact with what he calls a "false god". I think the only thing we can do is just relax with Bri for the rest of the day. We're going to need all the rest we can get in order to be ready for brother's trial tomorrow.
>>
No. 727696 ID: 398fe1

>>727586
...dude, we've talked to Xuv like twice since Life met Kronos. It's fine. There's really no reason not to show Xuv the rune.
>>
No. 727704 ID: 8ec390

>Dammit, Bri really has gotten to you!
Slippery slopes, man. Can't give an inch or you'll be taken for a mile, like the pirate incident. It'd help if you didn't hem and haw over every opportunity to capitulate, though.
> Err… if someone can control that much magic I wouldn’t want to meet them. No soiree.
Well, you've already summoned one supposed deity...
>Can we leave?
Sure, let's go back to the palace. That's another corner on the square, I bet stuff will be imploding there too.
>>
No. 727724 ID: c43722

Tell Bri you have a few more things to speak with Tim about, so it'll be a minute or two, but perhaps Tim could be convinced to step away from the overgrown area while you talk. After all, he can't focus on it while talking to you, and this way we can all keep a distance Bri feels safe at and stand out of the rain under the "umbrella" the servants are carrying. (It's really more like a tent or awning, isn't it?) And also then Bri can hold you close to keep you both warm against the cold and wet. That'd be nice.

Tell Tim that since the points in the garden layout appear to be symmetrical, if there's some chamber or something under this spot then perhaps it had a entrance like the royal crypt has, except this one was blocked up or just filled in. So find the point the same distance from the center of the garden to the royal crypt entrance, just on the exact opposite side, and dig there. Unfortunately, getting the approval and assistance of Whispers and the other gardeners might be tricky. Maybe if Tim just told Whispers there's something that may be dangerous down there he could get its help. Or Time could lie and say he thinks he found a cluster of those new earth elementals he'd like to get dug up. You know Whispers doesn't want them messing the garden up when they wake up, so it would probably agree to digging then.

Also tell Tim about the door with the mark of Illasia you saw in the crypt, and that the tunnel it blocks points towards the Grand Temple. Since the locations in the garden are symmetrical, then, assuming there's some kind of chamber under here, perhaps there is a matching tunnel like that one leading away from this overgrown spot. But depending on which axis it's mirrored on, the tunnel could go towards the Grand Temple, or it could go towards the palace. Maybe you should check out the palace basement where you think the tunnel would have connected. See if there's any obviously bricked up entrances there. Or it could be there used to be four tunnels in total, and over the centuries the ones other than the crypt to Grand Temple one collapsed in and you won't be able to get in to whatever is under here that way.

Inform Tim that you told your sister about the Archbishop's offer and the prayer book, so he shouldn't be surprised if one of her people comes to ask about what happened. You want him to be forthcoming if that happens and don't hide anything. Hopefully having her looking into this'll will get to the bottom of things.

Also ask Tim if it'd be bad for an Uredo if it regularly took root to sleep in this spot, since the magic radiation did this to the plants. Maybe he should warn Whispers to avoid sleeping in or near this place, just to be safe.

Also offer to provide Tim with funds to procure a replacement for the detector he just lost, if he doesn't already have a spare. And if he has any other equipment or detectors he can think of he'd like to purchase for this situation, you'd be happy to pay for them as well... As long as they aren't ridiculously expensive. Then maybe you can convince someone to lend theirs to him.

>Also, only living things explode, as they are what are trying to touch the stream. Never heard of a machine exploding, only the wizard four rooms away to switched it on.
So a mage who built a machine to try and access the River of Mana would end up exploding when they turned it on, even if they themselves weren't personally trying to touch the River? That sounds rather like Old Man Life being aggressively proactive in stopping anyone tapping the River of Mana again. Ask Tim if anyone tried to detect and study what happens when a mage attempts to touch the River of Mana, either directly or indirectly, such as via a machine or other construct.

>Unless you’re hiding highly unstable magical crystals in your pocket you’ll be fine.
Er. What about the arcane powder in your pistols and the spare power you're carrying? It's not unstable magical crystals, but the sudden thaumic vacuum from the crystals imploding might have pulled some or all of the powder's charge off. Better remember to change the powder out for fresh powder when you head inside, just to be safe.

>You’re sure Sisah would be willing to help you try to find it when you have the time if she hasn’t already seen it…
She probably already has, given she's likely been continually keeping tabs on your vital signs and such using that eyepiece of hers. Any physiological change, such as a blush, she'd have picked up using that, and her keen sense of observation would catch anything like you glancing away or shifting your weight. You should ask her in private if she picked up on that tell Bri said you have when you think about lewd things.

>You did whisper it to her, but now she wants to see how deep she can go before moving the ribbon. Sufficient to say, that will have to wait a bit…
...You told Bri when you should be trying to not make your relationship overly sexual. Ah, fine, whatever. It's kinky but not particularly bad. Though keep in mind Bri might get a little too enthusiastic about setting new depth records with her tail from now on, meaning your bum isn't going to stop feeling stretched and sore for awhile.

>Maybe you should talk to Sisah about getting revenge on Bri for earlier today and… and… Dammit, Bri really has gotten to you!
Revenge for what? Her rightfully getting back at you for spilling her secret? 'Cause that you deserved. Or is it something else you want to get revenge for? And you're right about Bri getting to you. You were warned by Xuv that if you let Bri take too much control your relationship would devolve into being just about sexual desires. But Bri doesn't have to take control if you end up thinking and acting lewdly like she does. This doesn't mean you can't try new things and expand your sexual horizons, but space it out somewhat.

>Seeing as she wanted a female wife for Belseth, there has to be some restrictions of what she can do. Otherwise she would just snap her fingers and make Bri pregnant without your intervention at all.
Xuv was following a prophecy or destiny or ancient magic bullshit, which said the Dragon had to take a Highborn mate, that is, a Vark, to conceive her precious Phoenix King. So even if Xuv did have the power to magically impregnate Bri, it wouldn't get Xuv what she wants.

>You’re not sure why any of the these mad “gods” would make you hear something like that… maybe it’s just because of that story she told you about the slaver… you’ve… you’ve had a hard time getting it out of your mind and… it’s possible it might cloud your perceptions.
Why can't you get it out of your mind? Is it because you found out Sakkilians could actually eat a Vark alive and whole? Or is it because Bri ate and killed a Vark in such a manner? Or is it something else? Perhaps you're remembering what Belseth warned you about Bri, back in your first get together, about how she refers to new people she meets as food at times. Or how she called Elete "cute, tasty little girl" when she met her, while also licking her lips. And you never did find out how Bri tasted enough Vark blood that she would call it "delicious." You have to worry that perhaps not only is sex and love conflated in Bri's mind, but food and sexual desire as well.

>No, if you ever have a child, which you want to in maybe a few years, you’ll make sure it grows up right and proper, with lots of love and happiness!
You should also consider that if you have the heir to the royal bloodline sooner rather than later, it'll take the burden off Kira to find a husband and have a child. She has enough on her plate now without having that looming over her as well.

>… … …and you already done it with Bri… dammit, you’re not ready to be a father! Clearly, you have to resort to the oldest way of birth control from now on just to be sure, unless it’s already too late.
Nobody is ready to be a father, even the ones that think they are. With everybody you have around you to help, you'll do far better as a first time dad then most everyone. But that aside, you should find out if it's too late. Is there a way to detect if a female is pregnant this soon after the potential time of conception? Does Bri know how soon it's possible to detect a pregnancy by magical means?

>But yes, they are gone now… and you feel kind of empty, actually… huh…
Oh, in what way did you feel kind of empty? In more than a physical way? In a emotional way? Like you enjoyed the feeling of being stuffed like that? Of walking about in public when only you, Bri and Sisah knew it?

>Let’s take it easy with the fun times, or you might turn into another Bri. You already had a bit of a tumble this morning, didn’t you?
Eh, that wasn't really a tumble but more of small slide back, if even that. If it was Belseth you'd gone after, that would definitely have been a full tumble into Bri-dom. But you went with Sisah, both for pragmatic and personal sexual curiosity reasons, but mostly because sex doesn't have the lasting emotional and social weight for her that it generally does for you and other non-Serpens. It was very enjoyable, and you found out some new things you like, but you're not going to do something like that again for quite awhile.

>It’s still raining, sadly… and the arcane powder powering the guns aren’t really keen on water.
Y'know, you could have the targets moved to where you could fire at them while standing in a dry doorway, archway or window. Or even just stand out there under the royal umbrella while firing. You just should find out how badly your aim is off and figure out how to compensate sooner rather than later. You don't know if and when a situation will suddenly come up where you'll need to shoot something and it's vital your aim is true.

>You’re pretty sure taking potions like that regularly will lead to some really bad things… like death. Potions are made to be taken in small dosages, after all.
Or if there are other detrimental side effects besides death from taking sex change potions too often. Perhaps something like the genitals not going back quite the same as before? ...And you have to wonder what would happen if someone took a sex change potion which changed to their current sex. Probably nothing. But you wonder what would happen if they took a half dose of the one that changed to male and the one that changed to female.

>Why would the King of a nation like ours let his most beloved son play with a poor orphan?
Now, why would your father do that? Can you think back and remember the situation around when you first met Cain, all those years ago? Was it before or after your mother's death? Hm... Can you remember from your history lessons what was going on in Lorentia around that time, or between Risavia and Lorentia? Perhaps Cain wasn't just any ordinary poor orphan, but the son of someone who helped your nation against Lorentia and paid the ultimate price for it. But you should remember to ask your father about this next you see him. And also remember to ask Cain first too.

>As I already said, I would ask that you don’t meet him at all… but if you insist in seeing him I will not stop you.
...Y'know, if you see Karas you know it's not going to go well. At best in his verbal tirade he might blurt out some piece of intel you could use, but you can't count on that. Perhaps you should see your father instead and tell him what happened yesterday at Karas' former apartment and that any meeting between you and Karas will not be in any way pleasant. Then your father might change his mind about you seeing Karas on his behalf.

>…I always wanted to ‘ave a child of my own…
Hm... Remember what Bri said Xuv said to her, back when you summoned Xuv with Bri present? That she sniffed Bri, then said "this is perfect" and that one of Bri's deepest wishes would come true soon. This is very likely the wish that Xuv was referencing. You should ask Bri if this is one of her deepest wishes when you're in private, and say that you think it's the one Xuv was referencing.

>Or possible use a surrogate father and / or mother... both our bloodlines want our noble blood to be passed on, don’t we?
Bri may feel a extra desire to carry on her father's bloodline, given that she's the last member of it and she feels so highly of her late father. You ought to ask her about that sometime soon. That and talk about surrogates and donors and how you both feel about the idea of that.

>I know there are a few gender changing potions, but those aren’t made for something so complex as bearing children or even long term changes-
You have to wonder how your sister knows a much about these kinds of potions as she does. ...And now you have this feeling that she's partaken of them herself, maybe multiple times. Well, that's just bloody great...

>If you want all the grisly details… he had constructed quite a secret chamber in his apartment, filled with all kind of things, including a journal and trophies of his deeds… eyes to be exact…
But why eyes...? Oh. For the eye that was taken from him. Dammit, just what the hell happened when Karas lost his eye that so broke him? You need to find out. Maybe Bri knows the whole story, or knows who does. You should ask her at some point.

>>727464
Prolly shouldn't be using Xuv's name out in the open like that. Just ask Tim if Cain got your note to him and he'll know what you're talking about. Ask him what time he's going to be doing it so you know so you don't come around then. And also say that he try some of the other rituals from the book, including the one done before to see if he gets the same results as when you were there.

>>727586
>I really don't think we should show Xuv.
And who else do you suggest Kronos could show it to who might have a clue what it does? 'Cause I'm at a loss for anybody else knowing anything about it.

>Besides, I don't think it's a good idea to try and summon her because Life might show up and kill us for trying to get in contact with what he calls a "false god".
Xuv has made contact with Kronos two times since he first noticed Old Man Life was watching him, back when he saw Qelba was assassinated, and Life hasn't smote him for it. And the first time Xuv made contact, Kronos was at the actual ritual, so if Life was going to kill Kronos for that, he would have done it there. But to be safe, Kronos should avoid being present at the ritual to summon Xuv from now on. She'll seek him out when she's summoned anyway, so he doesn't have to be present. Plus, he'll look more responsible in Cain's eyes for not taking part in the ritual.

>I think the only thing we can do is just relax with Bri for the rest of the day. We're going to need all the rest we can get in order to be ready for brother's trial tomorrow.
Really? It's only mid-afternoon for gods' sake! You think Kronos can just sit back like he has all the time in the world? When Old Man Life could come a'knockin' at any time, expecting results. Or you think the Archbishop'll hold her plans off while Kronos takes the rest of the day off? No, and so Kronos shouldn't just stop trying to find out more that could help him. ...But right now, I can only think of going to the library and looking up info on the Catacombs of the Godless. Specifically to look for illustrations of symbols and runes the previous expeditions found down there, on either the catacomb itself or on the items taken from it. See if the rune he got from Bel, or any of the four runes he has tattooed on himself, shows up. But basically Kronos can't just kick back and take the rest of the day off with Bri. Not without first doing something to help his predicament.
>>
No. 727727 ID: c43722

Oh, and also ask Tim if he knows of a non-invasive way to detect what lies beneath the surface using magic. Doesn't have to go very deep or be detailed in its results, just enough to tell if there is a chamber down there or some other kind of empty space, or if there is a solid object of some kind.
>>
No. 727821 ID: 65a774
File 146508159135.png - (19.20KB , 686x526 , 29.png )
727821

>Oh, in what way did you feel kind of empty? In more than a physical way? In an emotional way? Like you enjoyed the feeling of being stuffed like that? Of walking about in public when only you, Bri and Sisah knew it?
…dammit, now you’re starting to get turned on by just thinking about being stuffed like that!
>Slippery slopes, man. Can't give an inch or you'll be taken for a mile, like the pirate incident.
*Sigh* And here you are, wearing shoes without any traction. You really do need to get your footing back, or this whole marriage will just turn into a gesture of debauchery. While not the worse fate, you really want it to be something more than that.
>Er. What about the arcane powder in your pistols and the spare power you're carrying? The sudden thaumic vacuum from the crystals imploding might have pulled all of the powder's charge off.
You quickly check your arms and luckily they still seem charged. The powder as well seems to have held it charge, as it is glowing a faint blue and is not like the ashen color it gets when it goes inert.
>Now, why would your father do that? Can you think back and remember the situation around when you first met Cain, all those years ago?
…you met Cain right after the war started… after the death of your mother. You’re having a hard time remember all the details, as you were rather young back then. What were you? Five? Six? Hmm…

>She probably already has spotted your tell, given she's likely been continually keeping tabs on your vital signs and such using that eyepiece of hers.
Then you definitely need to ask Sisah about it… when you’re alone, of course.
>Xuv was following a prophecy or destiny or ancient magic bullshit, which said the Dragon had to take a Highborn mate, that is, a Vark, to conceive her precious Phoenix King.
Which mean you at least don’t have to worry about Sisah… but Bri being pregnant on the other hand…
>You should also consider that if you have the heir to the royal bloodline sooner rather than later, it'll take the burden off Kira to find a husband and have a child.
She already has a husband… though you have a feeling they don’t like each other very much… and you are pretty sure he’s into meat, so to speak. So… yeah… they are probably not going to get children out of love, which mean maybe you really could try to get one first?
>Remember what Bri said Xuv said to her, back when you summoned Xuv with Bri present? That she sniffed Bri, then said "this is perfect" and that one of Bri's deepest wishes would come true soon.
…which might be her wish of a child… dammit…
>Is there a way to detect if a female is pregnant this soon after the potential time of conception?
As far as you know, it requires a few weeks before you use proper tools to detect the pregnancy.


>Tell Bri you have a few more things to speak with Tim about, so it'll be a minute or two, but perhaps Tim could be convinced to step away from the overgrown area while you talk.
:TimSB: Fine, fine, if you really insist…
>Tell Tim that since the points in the garden layout appear to be symmetrical, if there's some chamber or something under this spot then perhaps it had an entrance like the royal crypt has.
:TimSB: Hmm… it’s possible that there is an hidden chamber down there…
:BriannahSB: Well, get a shovel and start digging then, eh?
:TimSB: It’s not that easy. First we have to verify that there is something there, than we need to make a proper excavation so we don’t just collapse whatever chamber is down there, etc… let’s just say it will take moths if not years to dig up something like this properly.
>Also tell Tim about the door with the mark of Illasia you saw in the crypt, and that the tunnel it blocks points towards the Grand Temple.
:TimSB: Ah, yes, the old priest way. It’s not being used anymore, is it? Hmm… now, if they are symmetrical… maybe there is a similar entrance in the temple to the chamber below us? That would be a lot easier to uncover than digging through the roof.
>Maybe you should check out the palace basement where you think the tunnel would have connected.
:TimSB: Hmm… that’s also a possible location, isn’t it? I will take a look later.

>Inform Tim that you told your sister about the Archbishop's offer and the prayer book, so he shouldn't be surprised if one of her people comes to ask about what happened.
:TimSB: You told the Queen? …well, if you trust her, I’ll do the same.
>Also ask Tim if it'd be bad for an Uredo if it regularly took root to sleep in this spot, since the magic radiation did this to the plants.
:TimSB: I have no idea! Luckily, the few Uredo’s living in the palace sleeps in their pots located in their rooms and not out in the garden. I’m pretty sure the gardeners wouldn’t be happy finding sleeping Uredo’s everywhere. They already have enough work removing their spawns every season.
>Also offer to provide Tim with funds to procure a replacement for the detector he just lost, if he doesn't already have a spare. And if he has any other equipment or detectors he can think of he'd like to purchase for this situation…
:TimSB: Don’t worry about the money, Kronos, I’m already being sponsored by the crown. Being the royal magician does come with its perks, eh?

>Ask Tim if anyone tried to detect and study what happens when a mage attempts to touch the River of Mana, either directly or indirectly, such as via a machine or other construct.
:TimSB: Well, I do remember that accident a few years back… where was it? It was in some southern country that uses a lot of slaves… or used too, before they were overthrown… it’s not important, what is important is that they tried to have a slave open the way to the well so that could study what happened to it.
:KronosSB: What did they find out?
:TimSB: Nobody knows, as their whole collage went up in flames. Killed pretty much all the magicians there, as well setting free all the slaves that would be used as guanine pigs. Let’s just say that was the beginning of the collapse of that country.
>Ask Tim if Cain got your note to him and he'll know what you're talking about. Ask him what time he's going to be doing it so you know so you don't come around then.
:TimSB: Hmm? Oh that! I don’t know... later tonight? Maybe after dinner?
>Ask Tim if he knows of a non-invasive way to detect what lies beneath the surface using magic.
:TimSB: …Hmm… I do have a few ways I can try… but no promises.
:KronosSB: Either way, thank you for your time, Tim.
:TimSB: Always happy to help, Kronos.
>>
No. 727822 ID: 65a774
File 146508161171.png - (60.58KB , 686x526 , 30.png )
727822

>Sure, let's go back to the palace. That's another corner on the square, I bet stuff will be imploding there too.
:BriannahSB: Oh, ‘ar ‘ar.
:KronosSB: I’m just kidding. I’m sure it will be completely safe, as there are just cellars filled with old wine and stuff under the palace.
:BriannahSB: I ‘ope so.
>I think the only thing we can do is just relax with Bri for the rest of the day.
:BriannahSB: …yah ‘now what I always liked to do on a rainy day? Just find a nice spot to read a book while listening to the rain. ‘earing the rain hitting a window while being engrossed in a great story is quite a delight, eh?
:KronosSB: Well… I guess if you-
:BriannahSB: And I want yah there too. I really like spending time near yah, even if we’re doing different things… or reading different books, eh? So join me in some reading while listening to mother nature’s song of fertility!
:KronosSB: …of fertility?
:BriannahSB: Water is the keystone for plants to grow, no?
:KronosSB: I guess… but I don’t have a book to read right now…
:BriannahSB: Aw… but I wanted to read with yah… well, I do ‘ave something else I wanted us to do. Let’s become butt-buddies!
:KronosSB: …okay, I’m really afraid to ask…
:BriannahSB: Well, I ‘ave this two-sided toy… one end in my butt, the other in ye and then we just smooch our butts together until-
:KronosSB: Yeah, no… your idea about reading in the rain was way better…
:BriannahSB: But butt-buddies?

>I can only think of going to the library and looking up info on the Catacombs of the Godless. Specifically to look for illustrations of symbols and runes the previous expeditions found down there, on either the catacomb itself or on the items taken from it.
:KronosSB: …actually, I think the library has some nice reading areas with windows looking out on the garden in it. As I was planning on researching some things anyway…
:BriannahSB: Then it’s settled! Yah do ye research, I’ll read my book all the while we enjoy each other’s company, eh?
:KronosSB: Right…



There doesn’t seem to be much information about the catacombs themselves… at least not among these dusty tomes. It’s possible that most of the information is in the hands of the temple itself. You did manage to find an old map of the place, even though it isn’t very helpful, and some records of early journeys into it. The records states that the twisting halls down there seems to be impossible, that they move you distances far longer than they should, occupies the same spaces and even change over time. There are also a lot of notes about crazed undead creatures and fiendish traps behind every corner. So far, they don’t really paint a pretty picture of the place. The place is also filled with the symbols of the five gods… or should you say the six? They do specifically mention that the symbol of death appears just as much as the other symbols of the gods… and the symbol of death is Xuv’s symbol.

As for the map… it’s not really well done or finished for that matter… but the legend states:
1st – Palace / Temple cellars – Black.
2st – Crypts – Blue.
3st – Catacombs – Red.
4st – Catacombs – Green.
5st – Catacombs – None.
6st – Catacombs – None.
7st – Not confirmed yet.

:BriannahSB: *Hum*Hum~
>>
No. 727860 ID: 8ec390

You wasted your time- you could have just looked up 'clusterfuck' in the dictionary.

It looks to my cartographically-challenged self like the spot under the growths is in the Green catacombs, and the entire mess can be traversed more easily by keeping to the perimeter of the Red catacombs. Are those ice-cream-cone looking things death symbols, entrances, traps, or what?

It looks like the palace cellars overlap with the catacombs, hopefully there will be an undocumented entrance and we won't need to sneak through anywhere else. I hope it isn't the safe room your brother is stashed in.
>>
No. 727908 ID: 398fe1

>>727822
>early journeys
Okay, next step is to find info from more recent journeys. Get as complete a map as you can get, and find the safest route to under the strange growth. Also, obviously, get permission to go into the crypts again. With an armed escort of course. Don't bother with the temple door, at most that will lead to their ritual site and you aren't prepared to go sabotaging it yet. It'll blow your cover anyway. We need to investigate the other points in the diamond first. Even if the temple catches wind of what you're doing you have an easy excuse- some weird magic shit is happening and you want to know why. There should be no solid reason for the Church to think you're trying to muck up their ritual, so you can stay out of direct conflict for a while longer while obtaining valuable information.

Also, FUCK. I just realized something really fucking awful. The Six didn't just create an afterlife for good people. There was a Heaven in the sky... and a Hell down below. These catacombs are set up so that souls cannot escape, right? The worst criminals are put down there, to rot? That's Hell! Just like the gods' afterlife, this place must be destroyed before the captured souls dry up the rivers of life and the world cracks once more. Though, it seems that there are not quite enough souls down there to cause problems yet.

We might need to talk to Life and find out exactly how much the Hell-Catacombs are interfering with the world's health.

As a last resort we can make another deal with him, to get his help destroying whatever mechanism keeps the souls down there, and in exchange we can help him find Xuv. We'll probably have to get rid of Xuv at some point in order to ensure the Phoenix King does not become her pawn. It's either that or never have children with Briannah... Optimally we'd sell out Xuv after confirming Briannah's pregnant.
>>
No. 728302 ID: 65a774
File 146532472720.png - (40.48KB , 686x526 , 31.png )
728302

:CainSB: Sir? Lady Briannah? I bring you the cake you ordered.
:KronosSB: Cake? I didn’t order-
:BriannahSB: But I did! I thought a little snack would sit just perfect right between lunch and dinner.
:KronosSB: Little? These cake pieces are huge!
:BriannahSB: But oh so tasty! MMm… ghis ghing is delicious…
:CainSB: Might I be so bold as to ask Lady Bri to refrain from acting like a animal and not talk with your mouth full?
:BriannahSB: ‘ey! Gake ghag back!
:CainSB: My apologies, I admit it was a bit of an unjust comparison for the animals, my lady.
:BriannahSB: So good…

>You wasted your time- you could have just looked up 'clusterfuck' in the dictionary.
You definitely were expecting an actual map instead of… this thing. You are almost getting a headache just trying to decipher this mess…
>Are those ice-cream-cone looking things death symbols, entrances, traps, or what?
They seem to be Varkian skulls… and you think it’s location that a lot of the explorers has perished or thought to be perished. Which is to say, they are “Warning: Danger” signs.
>It looks to my cartographically-challenged self like the spot under the growths is in the Green catacombs, and the entire mess can be traversed more easily by keeping to the perimeter of the Red catacombs.
…if you go by the symmetry, yes… the only question is how do you get down to the green level of the catacomb? It should be below the red level, if you’re reading this thing correctly, but there aren’t any stairs or ladders marked on this thing at all. Ugh, finding and going though all these old tomes is really draining… you might need a nap later to just stay awake…
>It looks like the palace cellars overlap with the catacombs, hopefully there will be an undocumented entrance and we won't need to sneak through anywhere else.
There might be… but the catacombs should be at least two floors below the cellar, which makes it a bit more unlikely. It’s worth to check it out, though. Mmmm… also, off topic, this cake really is delicious! …a bit hefty, but good.

>Okay, next step is to find info from more recent journeys. Get as complete a map as you can get, and find the safest route to under the strange growth.
If you’re going to find more information about that, you’ll need access to wherever the temple is keeping that information.
>Also, obviously, get permission to go into the crypts again. With an armed escort of course.
You’re not even sure who you need to talk to for that kind of permission. Your sister? Or is it the temple? Hmm… either way, it might take some sweet talking to do.
>I just realized something really fucking awful. The Six didn't just create an afterlife for good people. There was a Heaven in the sky... and a Hell down below. These catacombs are set up so that souls cannot escape, right?
…it might indeed have been the old empire’s version of hell, yes… but it can’t be any longer… can it?
>We might need to talk to Life and find out exactly how much the Hell-Catacombs are interfering with the world's health.
You’re sure if they were dangerous, he would have destroyed it a long time ago. Of course, bringing it up wouldn’t hurt, just in case. Now, finding and talking to him on the other hand…

:KronosSB: Ugh… I don’t think I can take a single more bite of this thing…
:BriannahSB: Then yah won’t mind if I eat yah, eh?
:KronosSB: …wait, wh-
:CainSB: Be advised, my lady, any more cake and you’ll soon have a gravity well big enough to put things in orbit.
:BriannahSB: ‘ey! It’s just ‘alf a cake, boney. Yah ‘now… yah’re the one who needs to eat a bit of cake, to get some flesh on those bones of ye.
:CainSB: I would sadly need to refuse your offer of cake and insults, my lady.
:BriannahSB: Hmm… can I order ‘im to eat cake, Kronos?
:KronosSB: …can you two please stop fighting?
:CainSB: I was just giving my advice, sir.
:BriannahSB: And I wasn’t asking yah for it, boney! Well, as I said before being so rudely interrupted, yah won’t mind if I eat ye cake, eh?
>>
No. 728305 ID: 8ca51b

Ugh I don't know how the hell we are going to deal with this catacomb... At this point we might have to ask your sister. As for the cake say no, we can't have her thinking she can eat half a cake whenever she feels like it, as much as we do like her hips
>>
No. 728307 ID: 91ee5f

>Bri staring at the last of the cake.
*insert Jaws theme here*

But seriously, go ahead and let her have the last of your cake.

>Finding Life.
I have a hard time believing you can just randomly find him, but considering your luck, he'll find you instead. Hopefully you can ask him a few questions without getting your soul ripped out.

Wait, what's with that weird looking statue on the top shelf back there? It looks like there's a glowing cross right where the face should be.
>>
No. 728322 ID: 398fe1

>>728302
I see a figurine of the Historian in the shelf there. Check it out!
>but it can’t be any longer… can it?
People are still being buried there. Souls are still being trapped there. So yes, yes it is.

Hey, it's Cain. Good time to ask him who the hell he really is and maybe try to get him to stop lying to you in general. Also, ask what happened when he performed the ritual. Nothing, right?
>>
No. 728329 ID: da1652

>>728302
Just make sure we work the cake off later.
Hell, the longer you look into this stuff, the more likely you two will have to run for your lives from Something anyway.
>>
No. 728332 ID: 8ec390

>you might need a nap later to just stay awake…
Ask Cain for some coffee.
> …can you two please stop fighting?
...With rum.
>but the catacombs should be at least two floors below the cellar, which makes it a bit more unlikely.
If a floor is ten feet, it's only ten feet from the floor of the cellar to the ceiling of the catacombs. They dig wells deeper than that. If the safe room is even deeper down than the cellar, a theoretical secret passage is even more plausible there.
>Hmm… either way, it might take some sweet talking to do.
You're doing philanthropic research on magic. Claim- or convince Tim to claim- something relevant to those interests might be down there.


Tch, Call Bri a princess and it goes right to her head. Time to assert dat dominance.

Bri, don't order anyone to eat somebody else's leftovers, or spoil your dinner and/or figure. Cain, I've always appreciated your humbling way of giving advice, but now I'm asking you to temper it for the lady of the house. And both of you- never again get into a disagreement so petty it makes me look like the responsible adult. It's super awkward for everybody.

> Now, finding and talking to him on the other hand…
Look on the top bookshelf, far left.
>>
No. 728474 ID: 65a774
File 146540940548.png - (39.78KB , 686x526 , 32.png )
728474

>Ugh I don't know how the hell we are going to deal with this catacomb...
So far it seems to be a deathtrap and nothing else!
>If a floor is ten feet, it's only ten feet from the floor of the cellar to the ceiling of the catacombs. They dig wells deeper than that.
True, but you rather not dig right into unknown territory and unleash… something…
>If the safe room is even deeper down than the cellar, a theoretical secret passage is even more plausible there.
The safe room isn’t below the cellar… in fact, it isn’t even under the palace ground, even if there is a passage from the cellar to it. But, that doesn’t mean there might be a secret passage down in the cellar somewhere…
>At this point we might have to ask your sister.
The only problem would be that she would probably not want you mucking things up, as she would instead send her own people to deal with this… which, in retrospect, might be for the best?

>You're doing philanthropic research on magic. Claim- or convince Tim to claim- something relevant to those interests might be down in the crypt.
There are only urns filled with the ashes of the dead down there as far as most know. You probably need a better excuse than “there might be magic” to be granted access to it. Hmm… maybe you should just request to be able to visit mom?
>I have a hard time believing you can just randomly find him, but considering your luck, he'll find you instead.
…wait, isn’t he supposed to be everywhere? Same thing with the Chronicler? After all, there is life pretty much everywhere and history is happening everywhere all the time so… it’s less about finding them as it is contacting them? Hmm… or maybe you’re just misunderstanding what they actually are.


>Ask Cain for some coffee... With rum.
:CainSB: … … …I’ll see what I can do, sire.
>We can't have her thinking she can eat half a cake whenever she feels like it, as much as we do like her hips.
:BriannahSB: But… it’s so tasty!
:KronosSB: Just keep it to special occasions… like the weekends, okay?
:BriannahSB: Urgh… fine…
>Bri, don't order anyone to eat somebody else's leftovers, or spoil your dinner and/or figure.
:BriannahSB: But it’s fun! …and there several hours until dinner… and my figure is fine!
:KronosSB: Bri…
:BriannahSB: Fine, fine, I’ll try not to become any bigger…
>Go ahead and let her have the last of your cake.
:BriannahSB: Ah, thank you, cutie. Ah, a sweetie like yah really belongs in my tummy!
:KronosSB: Huh?
:BriannahSB: Mmm… gagking go ghe cake, my dove.
>Just make sure we work the cake off later.
:BriannahSB: Oh, don’t worry… I got the perfect plan ‘ow to work this bad boy off… tonight… with yah~
:KronosSB: That was what I was afraid off…

>Cain, I've always appreciated your humbling way of giving advice, but now I'm asking you to temper it for the lady of the house.
:CainSB: Well, if you wishes for me to kiss the ladies feet at every opportunity and convince her she can do nothing wrong, all you have to do is to ask, sir.
:BriannahSB: Yes! Do that!
:KronosSB: What? No!
>And both of you- never again get into a disagreement so petty it makes me look like the responsible adult.
:BriannahSB: ‘e started it!
:CainSB: Why, I can see what you mean about not acting as adults, sir.
>Good time to ask him who the hell he really is and maybe try to get him to stop lying to you in general.
:KronosSB: Who I am? I’m Cain, sir, your manservant and protector? Have I’ve ever been anything else?
>Also, ask what happened when he performed the ritual. Nothing, right?
:CainSB: Sir? Why would I perform… which ritual exactly? Do I need to remind you that it was I who advised you to stop trying to do those things, as they might put the whole palace in danger? Why would I make a 180 turn and try to sacrifice my soul to some pagan god?
:BriannahSB: Why, yah believed yah could gain power from it that yah didn’t Kronos to ‘ave, eh?
:CainSB: Yes, because giving my soul to damnation instead of the soothing light of the five is where the real power is, of course…

>I see a figurine of the Historian in the shelf there. Check it out!
Wait, why would there be… oh… it’s actually not. For a second there you thought it was an actual statue of it, but it seems to be just some kind of clay bottle with green cloth tied around the top… and it’s filled with some kind incense?

:BriannahSB: Did yah find something interesting, ‘ubby?
:KronosSB: Oh… um… I thought it was something else but… what is this?
:CainSB: Ah, I do believe those are used to keep the tomes in here in prime condition. They are supposed to keep things like moister and moths away, or some such. As for the shape and colors, I’m sure there is some old tradition behind it.
:KronosSB: Hmm… what does it say? “Question, be learned. Ask, be taught. Request, be told.”?
>>
No. 728498 ID: f562b1

>I’m Cain, sir, your manservant and protector? Have I’ve ever been anything else?
Yes, you have. You have been my friend since childhood. You have also been an orphan who was allowed to be such a friend despite his status, and you've been an outrageously punctual servant, arriving on time to even the most random requests for tea. The latter, I suppose it's possible that you've learned to predict how a situation will go and when I'll ask for tea, but the former? There must have been something else before then, that my father chose you instead of somebody else.
>They are supposed to keep things like moister and moths away, or some such.
I wonder if these things are designed similarly to the Historian to be able to spread his blessing, and the difference in design is because it's his blessing, not his presence.
>“Question, be learned. Ask, be taught. Request, be told.”?
If you questing things, you will learn from them. If you ask about something, you will be taught it. Request something, and it will be told? I wonder if that's just like, a phrase that the people who made it liked, or if it's a phrase from the Historian himself.
>>
No. 728563 ID: 8ec390

>you rather not dig right into unknown territory and unleash… something…
As opposed to opening the front gate and unleashing something? Besides, we're just looking for something pre-existing before we start kicking in doors like we're gods gift to dungeon delving.
>But it’s fun!
So was the time I went sledding on the palace roof. Answer's still no.
> ‘e started it!
Feed Bri the cake like she's a tiny child if she's gonna act like one. Don't let her start with the favors, if she's gonna talk about 'disciplining' you like you're some kind of house-pet, you'll play that game too. 'sides, she'll probably think it's kinky somehow.

>Have I’ve ever been anything else?
apparently he have become Kronos!
>>
No. 728565 ID: 9f1d02

>Why ritual
To tell the "Dark Gods" to sod off
He seams like he would somehow know we were being hounded by Xuv and would preform the ritual just to give her a stern talking to.
>>
No. 728568 ID: 398fe1

>>728565
Yeah and he should be smart enough to know that souls are not part of the ritual.

I mean, he was absent around the time the ritual was being performed by someone else. He had the excuse of the laundry but honestly I don't buy it- I bet he finished the laundry and did the ritual then acted like he was busy with the laundry the whole time. Personally I think he's not "predicting" when someone asks for a cup of tea. I think he's constantly in stealth mode near the prince, and whenever anyone mentions tea he whips out the tray right then and there.
>>
No. 728719 ID: 91ee5f

>Question. Ask. Request.
Remember, no matter what you do, make sure you say "Please" and "Thank you"!
>>
No. 728878 ID: c43722

Let Cain know that you took his advice and informed Kira of what's going on with the Archbishop as well as the prayer book. So if one of her people comes to him asking about this, you want him to tell them everything they want to know. Perhaps he'll think you're finally behaving more responsibly and may be more receptive to telling you his secret eventually.
>>
No. 728922 ID: 65a774
File 146567654480.png - (65.26KB , 686x526 , 33.png )
728922

>As opposed to opening the front gate and unleashing something?
There got to be some kind of security measure or ward keeping all the bad stuff at bay, or else there would have been something escaping from there through the front door, wouldn’t it? Of course, that also means that you’ll need to get pass the security to get in in the first place…
>Besides, we're just looking for something pre-existing before we start kicking in doors like we're god’s gift to dungeon delving.
Still, even if it is pre-existing, it’s probably sealed or some such. Opening it up might just give whatever is down there the means to escape that it has been waiting for… or some undead might just wander into the cellar and eat one of the servants or something, you don’t know… either way, you should be careful if you do find a secret passage down there.
>Feed Bri the cake like she's a tiny child if she's gonna act like one.
Too late for that, she’s already devoured the cake whole! She’s like a starved wolfhound finding a freshly killed ankwark carcass… there was no mercy…


>Remember, no matter what you do, make sure you say "Please" and "Thank you"!
:KronosSB: So… this is some kind of advice? …or just for good luck?
:CainSB: I can’t say, sir.
:KronosSB: Well… here goes nothing. I ask to be thought, to please be told stories of wisdom and learn from them, thank you.
:BriannahSB: Err… who are yah talking to?
:KronosSB: …no one, really…
>Fun? So was the time I went sledding on the palace roof. Answer's still no.
:BriannahSB: …yah went sledding on the roof? That sounds dangerous!
:CainSB: He did, indeed, break his arm trying to do a rather foolish jump, my lady.
:KronosSB: Hey! It wasn’t that big of a jump! …and I didn’t mean to hit the edge of my balcony.
:CainSB: The worse part was when he returned inside, as he proceeded to bleed all over my newly waxed floor.
:KronosSB: Of course that’s the worst part…
:CainSB: Why, I can remember it like it was yesterday… oh, the humanity…

>He seems like he would somehow know we were being hounded by Xuv and would perform the ritual just to give her a stern talking to.
:CainSB: I don’t thinking arguing with gods, false or otherwise, is ever a wise decisions. They are usually called gods for a reason… most often being their own pride being so huge that they almost collapse into a black hole. So… arguing with gods is like arguing with a wall, they won’t listen.
>Yeah and he should be smart enough to know that souls are not part of the ritual.
:CainSB: While I admit I might be exaggerating for effect, I still believe both our souls might be in peril if you continue doing these odd rituals of yours, sir. I rather not lose my place in the celestial palace because of your curiosity, sir.
>Let Cain know that you took his advice and informed Kira of what's going on with the Archbishop as well as the prayer book. So if one of her people comes to him asking about this, you want him to tell them everything they want to know.
:CainSB: Oh, really? Then I will have to tell them what I know. Now, I do hope this means that you’ll put these foolish games of gods behind you, hmm?

>You have been my friend since childhood. You have also been an orphan who was allowed to be such a friend despite his status, and you've been an outrageously punctual servant, arriving on time to even the most random requests for tea.
:CainSB: Years of training, sir.
:KronosSB: I still have to ask why you were allowed to be trained in the first place, Cain.
:CainSB: Hmm? Why, if I remember correctly, it was because they caught me stealing food from the royal kitchen.
:KronosSB: Wait… they caught you stealing? Wouldn’t they cut of your hand or something for that?
:CainSB: It was at the start of the war, when the security was its highest and I was a lad of seven. Your father was quite impressed actually, which is why he choose me to accompany and protect you.
:KronosSB: …protect? As in a body guard?
:CainSB: Physical threats are the guards job… and now Sisah’s as well. No, I was thought to protect you from more non-physical ones. Of course, I was also trained to be your trusted man servant as well, which is where most of my time is spent.
:KronosSB: …So you’re not just my manservant?
:CainSB: Royal protector I believe my title is?
:KronosSB: Why haven’t you told me this before? …and don’t say that I didn’t ask!
:CainSB: To be frank, if I may, sir, is that I thought you already knew. You are an intelligent man, which means I assumed that you would have figured something was up long ago and already talked to your father about it. Oh, and you never asked as well, either. Hmm… maybe I’ve done a too good of a job? I’m rather proud how I’ve been managing to juggle all the nobles around to make sure none of them started to try and manipulate you…
:BriannahSB: Err… guys…
:ChroniclerSB: Shh, don’t mind me just yet. Let them finish.
>>
No. 728941 ID: 398fe1

>>728922
Well he did a good job of that, it seems, though you think something slipped through the cracks recently. ...did he really not contact Xuv without you? Someone did. Tim denies it, and there's like only one other person who knows the ritual... Briannah, was it you?

Also hi Chronicler. Most important thing we need to find out right now is: What happened to Illasia after Xuv's imprisonment? She's dead, right?
We should also ask if the Catacombs were made to be Hell... hmm, can the Chronicler tell us about runes?
Also for a title of the book, how about "Strange Bedfellows"?
>>
No. 728949 ID: f4ef5d

>So… arguing with gods is like arguing with a wall, they won’t listen.
Sounds like he's speaking from experience.

Well Kain as far as I knew or cared you were just my friend and I still think of you as such, above all else.

Now then stumpy we've got some questions for you.
>>
No. 728953 ID: 398fe1

Oh, ask Cain if he has any questions for the personification of History itself.
>>
No. 728993 ID: 91ee5f

>Shh, don’t mind me just yet. Let him finish.
He doesn't want you to start talking to him yet and Bri looks like she isn't sure if she's seeing things or not. You should somehow subtly let her know that you can see him too, so that she doesn't think she's imagining him.

I think after Cain is done being proud of his accomplishments, you should politely tell him that you had nothing else to ask of him for now, so that he can go back to doing other things. And when he leaves, you can start talking to the Chronicler.
>>
No. 729026 ID: 094652

Ask Cain to land a punch at the bookcase.
>>
No. 729041 ID: 8ec390

>He did, indeed, break his arm trying to do a rather foolish jump, my lady.
...no, that wasn't fun at all. You're thinking of the improvised parachute jump. The sled landing was majestic as fuck. I stuck it and everything, at least until the guards hauled me to my room like I was a sanitarium escapee.

>To be frank, if I may, sir, is that I thought you already knew.
Bullshit. I just asked my sister, she wouldn't tell me a damn thing. Why would someone skilled in infiltration be given a social engineering task?
>make sure none of them started to try and manipulate you…
Your job was to make sure I never even formed relationships with nobles?!? That's like knocking out all of someone's teeth to prevent dental problems!
>maybe I’ve done a too good of a job?
Well you can wipe that smirk off your face, the archbishop wants my support to start the cycle that caused the collapse of the old empire again.

Dammit Cain, I enjoyed your ribbing because I thought it meant you'd never bullshit me...!
>>
No. 729137 ID: 65a774
File 146575932795.png - (47.33KB , 686x526 , 34.png )
729137

>He doesn't want you to start talking to him yet and Bri looks like she isn't sure if she's seeing things or not. You should somehow subtly let her know that you can see him too, so that she doesn't think she's imagining him.
You grab Briannah’s hand before making a quick head motion towards the chronicler, signaling that you can see it as well. She becomes visible calmer knowing she isn’t hallucinating and she squeezes your hand to show she understood before letting go of it.

>Bullshit. I just asked my sister, she wouldn't tell me a damn thing. Why would someone skilled in infiltration be given a social engineering task?
:CainSB: I believe it was because I was good at keeping up with lies and half-truths, sir? As well as having a knack of knowing the right people, who can provide me with the right favors and information?
>Your job was to make sure I never even formed relationships with nobles?
:CainSB: The reason most nobles despise you is because you’re rather impolite, eccentric as well as having a fondness for, what they call, “lesser people”. Rewarding your servant and seeing them as actual people is quite an “affront” to most nobles, as they see you as some kind of class traitor. Those lesser are supposed to be grateful that they are being trampled on by the upper crust, as that is the biggest honor they can hope to get, so when you show some compassion… well…
:BrinnahSB: Doesn’t sound like these are the kind of people yah want to be friends with anyway, eh?
:KronosSB: True…
:CainSB: My job, on the other hand, is to make sure you’re not seen as either a viability that needs to be removed or someone naïve enough to be manipulated. Of course, they do try, but so far I’ve been able to make sure you’re not put in a too bad of a position.
:KronosSB: …wait, what do you actually do to keep people from... um…
:CainSB: Well, for example, do you remember that baron about two weeks ago? You two did have a few drinks together, didn’t you?
:KronosSB: Hmmm? Oh, yes, I remember him. We had a little competition at the firing range... and he asked for some donation to a pet project of his? I never did have a chance to refuse that charity as I never saw him again after that.
:BriannahSB: Oooh, did yah make ‘im “disappear”, Cainy?
:CainSB: Well, not exactly. I simply gathered some information on him and gave it to your sister, sir. Apparently, this “pet project” of his was to fund some mercenaries to deal with some rowdy peasants on his land that had the audacity to complain when he took all their food and coin. Though, what really made your sister take interest was his plan to blackmail you for the gold… of course, I don’t think you would have cared for his blackmail material, but it’s the principal of the matter.
:BriannahSB: So now ‘is in a shallow grave somewhere?
:CainSB: No, I believe he’s a peasant as well now… and in prison for a few more winters.

>The archbishop wants my support to start the cycle that caused the collapse of the old empire again.
:CainSB: Well, then I expect you to polity refuse, sir? I haven’t been able to get a lot of information about the Archbishop herself, but I do know that an uncertainty like this can never bode well. But you did say you’ve spoken to the Queen about this, correct? She can probably deal with it for you, sir.
>Did he really not contact Xuv without you? Someone did.
:CainSB: It’s possible someone else has access to the ritual, no? Or someone has been either snooping around or overheard something. After all, if it wasn’t one of us, then it must have been someone else, correct sir?
>As far as I knew or cared you were just my friend and I still think of you as such, above all else.
:CainSB: Why, thank you sir. I must admit that I, too, consider you a friend above all else. It really warms the cockles of my heart hearing you say that.
:BriannahSB: The less we ‘now about ye cockles, the better!
>Oh, ask Cain if he has any questions for the personification of History itself.
:CainSB: …sir, are you hallucinating again? You haven’t been into those odd mushrooms the alchemist grows again, have you?
:KronosSB: No, Cain, I… never mind.
>You should politely tell him that you had nothing else to ask of him for now, so that he can go back to doing other things.
:CainSB: Yes, I have duties to return to, sir. First off, that cup of coffee you requested. I’ll send someone to retrieve two cups momentarily. If you’ll excuse me, sir and lady.
:KronosSB: Bye for now, Cain.
:BriannahSB: Yeah, bye boney.


>And when he leaves, you can start talking to the Chronicler.
:ChroniclerSB: You asked of me, yes? I’m here to teach, if that is what you desire… though, as I’ve said before, I can’t actually tell you things that is happening right now… but I believe I can still be of assistance!
:BriannahSB: Great, so ye’re just going to be vague enough to confuse us until it’s already too late, eh?
:ChroniclerSB: Err… well, hopefully not.
>What happened to Illasia after Xuv's imprisonment? She's dead, right?
:ChroniclerSB: While her influence is still felt to this day, her will and desires has since long been subverted to appease the will of mortals.
:BriannahSB: …which means?
:ChroniclerSB: As I said, I can’t actually tell you her fate, all I can say is that her actions now and later will have no effect on you at all. What she does isn’t of matter, but what she is… well, is.
>We should also ask if the Catacombs were made to be Hell...
:ChroniclerSB: In a world where life is endless, how do you keep the people safe from those that are unsavory? If you are a god, how do you punish those that hurt your pride? Death has no meaning, but eternal damnation do.
:KronosSB: I’m going to take that as a yes.
:ChroniclerSB: Did they build a massive labyrinth filled with traps, monsters and disease to keep someone in… or someone out?
>Also for a title of the book, how about "Strange Bedfellows"?
:ChroniclerSB: Hmmm? Well, it can be taken both figurative as well as literally, can’t it? I will take it into consideration.

>Hmm, can the Chronicler tell us about runes?
:ChroniclerSB: Wait, where did you… I thought that rune had ceased to exist.
:KronosSB: …ceased to exist? What kind of rune is it?
:ChroniclerSB: It’s the rune of eternity. Originally created by mortal hands, it doesn’t actually fit in the world, seeing as everything that exists here is finite. After the great cataclysm, the old man himself ripped all mentions of it from the books of history, ensuring that it would never be used again… but it seems he must have missed a mention of it? Either way, I would recommend that you get rid of that thing before someone gets the idea to actually recreate the rune properly. It’s a dangerous tool to have, to be sure.
>>
No. 729141 ID: 094652

> Rune of Eternity
Applied to the right mechanism, it might give us more time. We could preserve the integrity of the crystals... and prevent them from absorbing spirit energy.
>>
No. 729148 ID: 398fe1

>>729137
What does the rune do? But yeah you'll get rid of it. ...could Xuv be responsible for putting it in Belseth's head? OH, ask who's been giving you those foreboding hallucinations. One told you to "pray to me" or else "your nightmares will consume her". Xuv supposedly gave you an aura of protection that's kept Briannah safe so long as she slept next to you each night... and it did feel like something was trying to get at you the first night after that hallucination. If Illasia isn't active, and the other four elemental gods are imprisoned, then it must have been a mortal, correct?

...heh, if we wanted to spend some time listening to an amusing story we could ask about the book he wrote about Xuv.

I guess we could pray to Illasia using the ritual if we wanted. Since Illasia is harmless according to the Chronicler it should either give us another vision, or not work at all.
>>
No. 729171 ID: 91ee5f

> Rune of Eternity
Holy shit, someone really is trying to turn Bel into a god! If he did get that as a tattoo, he might've been turned immortal without even knowing it, just like Xuv did to Kronos! I would say it's the archbishop, but I don't want to jump to conclusions.

Wait, that means that's still not the rune Kronos is looking for! Hmmm, maybe the Chronicler knows? Ask him if there's a rune that can hide someone from the old man. And ask what it looks like so that we can break it for the old man.
>>
No. 729322 ID: 8ec390

>It’s the rune of eternity. Originally created by mortal hands...
Did... Did you just answer a question in no uncertain terms? No theoreticals, hypotheticals, questions as answers or tangential nonsense? Who are you and what have you done to chronicler?

Speaking of old man life, where or how can I find him?
>>
No. 729377 ID: f562b1

>>729322
The Eternity Rune is not supposed to exist--Telling you about it should have no concequences to present and future... The one Kronos has is "Improper," and won't have an effect as long as the Chronicler's advice is heeded, so what "Should" be may still be.
>>
No. 729467 ID: 65a774
File 146585739643.png - (59.34KB , 686x526 , 35.png )
729467

>Applied to the right mechanism, it might give us more time. We could preserve the integrity of the crystals... and prevent them from absorbing spirit energy.
You’re not sure how that things even works! …and even if you did, you’re not sure you can even use it.
>Holy shit, someone really is trying to turn Bel into a god!
Let’s not jump to conclusions just yet! …but it does seem like something like that might have happened. You’ll need to ask History about what would happen to Belseth if he did go through with the tattoo.
>I guess we could pray to Illasia using the ritual if we wanted. Since Illasia is harmless according to the Chronicler it should either give us another vision, or not work at all.
You did promise Cain that you would stop doing that… and you’re not sure what you really have to gain from it. If they are all dead they can’t really help anymore, can they?


>Did... Did you just answer a question in no uncertain terms? No theoreticals, hypotheticals, questions as answers or tangential nonsense?
:ChroniclerSB: Oh! I just thought the subject was important enough to not beat around the bush on… and that my siblings will probably not be mad at me for telling you to destroy it. I don’t think anyone of us want those things around anymore.
:BriannahSB: So, the reason why yah’re letting us stumble around in the dark is because yah don’t want ye brother and sisters mad at yah? Is that really worth dooming us all for!?
:ChroniclerSB: I’m just making sure I don’t break the world, dear. Last time we started playing fast and loose with reality things went… badly.
>What does the rune do?
:ChroniclerSB: It’s the concept of eternity.
:KronosSB: So… if, let say, you tattooed that thing on you… you would become immortal?
:ChroniclerSB: It’s the first step of the agelessness your so called gods created, yes, but there is more to it than that. Tattooing it on you would only ensure that the flesh holding the ink wouldn’t decompose naturally… at least not until the rest of the body falls apart and breaks apart the rune. The rune’s purpose is to remove all natural endings and beginnings to things, so drawn it on a piece of wood and it would never rot, but it will still be break as easily as every when hit with an axe.
>Ask him if there's a rune that can hide someone from the old man.
:ChroniclerSB: Tell me, who is the one you call “Old man” again?
:KronosSB: He’s life?
:BriannahSB: ‘e’s an arse?
:ChroniclerSB: Technically, yes… on both counts, but he’s far more than that. He’s the beginning of all things… as well as the end of them. He is the birth and death, the creation and destruction, the first word and the last. Tell me, what is the one thing that doesn’t have an ending?
:KronosSB: …something that is eternal. So it is the right rune!
:ChroniclerSB: Indeed, he cannot see it as he is incapable to fathom it’s existence. It’s not a natural occurrence in the world but a blight that might spread its disease. You know what happen last time it did, don’t you? The so called old empire… and its end. Nothing is eternal, after all… everything ends.

>Speaking of old man life, where or how can I find him?
:ChroniclerSB: Wherever something is begun or ending, he will be there. Though, finding him might not be difficult, speaking to him will. He rather not meddle with mortals any longer and will ignore you unless you have something important to tell him. I would recommend not disturbing him at all.
>If we wanted to spend some time listening to an amusing story we could ask about the book he wrote about Xuv.
:ChroniclerSB: Um… that thing is mostly filled with debauchery and lewdness… I rather not read it aloud.
:BriannahSB: Why, now I’m interested! Where can I get this book of ye?
:ChroniclerSB: Nowhere, as it isn’t for your mortal eyes!
>OH, ask who's been giving you those foreboding hallucinations.
:ChroniclerSB: Hmm…
“A man sat all alone in his mansion,”
“listening for unheard sounds with tension.”
“He saw a man who wasn’t there,”
“and did not hear the voice of a woman in the air.”
“As those that weren’t there approached him he curled up in fright,”
“as he finally understood his own plight.”
“He knew full well that they weren’t there,”
“as he himself had made sure there were none left to spare.”
“Thus his fright came not from their kind,”
“but from the revelation that the traitorous voices were but a product of his twisted mind.”
“They did not deserve it…”
“He did…”
:KronosSB: …wait, what did you mean by that!?
:BriannahSB: I think it called ye crazy, Krony!
:KronosSB: Wha- I’m not!
>>
No. 729472 ID: 398fe1

>>729467
...hey, stop looking at us that way.

>You did promise Cain that you would stop doing that
You promised him you'd stop praying to demons or whatever he considers Xuv to be. A ritual to a "real" god would be fine, wouldn't it?
As for what you'd gain from it, well... you did get visions from praying to the other gods. At least one of them was verified to be relevant to what's going on, and not a product of your own mind.
Then again, you also underwent some physical stress from the visions, which seemed to be increasing a bit with each one that happened. Maybe we should limit it to four, and not push the issue. Plus, you have your injury to worry about. What if the stress aggravated it? Yeah, we probably shouldn't.

>you're crazy
Well that's just great. Now we have to screen weird shit for outright hallucinations and delusions. Thankfully the only confirmed or even suspected hallucinations so far happened after being exposed to either outright hallucinogenic spores or expired aftershave. So maybe he's not saying you're crazy, but that nobody else is to blame for the hallucinations. After all, you're the one that went into the mold-infested crypt and splashed the tainted gunk on your face. It's your fault, that's all he's really saying.

Anyway, this was a useful conversation. We now know what rune to eliminate. If Belseth's urge was any indication, however, I suspect the archbishop has a tattoo of it. ...what if we asked her if Elete was... interested in you? If she thinks there's a chance she can manipulate you with sex, then we can get her naked in the bedroom and check for the tattoo. If she's NOT tattooed, then, well... free sex I guess?
>>
No. 729482 ID: e6fd9c

...and the ass was glorious.
>>
No. 729492 ID: 8ec390

> traitorous voices
...What's with those aside glances? Is this some existential in-medias-res crap where you actually did get married to what's-her-face who was destined to commit suicide or something and now you're suffering from massive guilt-induced hallucinations?
>>
No. 729500 ID: 4854ef

... Yeah look somewhere else, or what exactly are you looking at? Regardless you aren't that crazy Kronos.. maybe a bit stressed, but still things have been funky.
>>
No. 729517 ID: 91ee5f

>>729467
Kaktus.....thank you very much for that wonderful view of Bri's glorious ass.

.....hey, wait a minute! Where's the ribbon that was on Bri's tail?!

>So it is the right rune!
Let's ask if he knows where to start looking for that rune. And if he can't directly tell us, then ask for a hint that will at least point us in the right direction. Make sure it's not a confusing hard to understand hint! This is important and we don't have time to be running around in circles!
>>
No. 729549 ID: f562b1

>I think it called ye crazy, Krony!
It could be that I'm crazy, but I haven't punished anybody for these hallucinations. I don't really fit the bill of "I should have been the one punished." The figure from these visions, though, they definitely do fit the bill.
> So maybe he's not saying you're crazy, but that nobody else is to blame for the hallucinations. After all, you're the one that went into the mold-infested crypt and splashed the tainted gunk on your face. It's your fault, that's all he's really saying.
...Or that.
>>
No. 729611 ID: e3e5fe

>>729482
Oh your too kind

>>729467
Stop looking at us like that we didn't do anything, we're not the ones giving you hallucinations and we're not crazy either, at least not in that way.

anyway if you were crazy you just see visions of nonsensical bullshit but your visions have shown you potential futures and warning so they cant be a product of your mind, but maybe they could be the product of a mind who has experienced all this before.
>>
No. 729760 ID: c43722

...For some inexplicable reason, your thoughts, and your eye, for a moment suddenly turns towards appreciation of Bri's seated figure. Of that lovely face, those powerful arms, down to those thick thighs and tail, wonderfully wide hips and that absolutely glorious ass. ...And then you catch yourself and wonder how much of Bri, or even Xuv, has seeped into your mind. You'll have to be continuously watchful of your "inner Bri," lest that aspect of your psyche runs away with you. ...But looking at Bri, you realize that far more than the lustful feelings you had, that you just want to be close to her right now. To sit in front of her and lean back as she folds those arms over your chest and that tail across your waist and holds you close. To feel comforted and protected from your troubles. You think you're going to do that.

As you walk over to sit with Bri, admit that with everything that's happened these last few days you're no longer as sure of your sanity as before. You have noticed you've been mentally talking to yourself more, and that some of your thoughts have been way out there, even for you. Frankly, looking back on your life and the events that shaped you, you figure you weren't quite as sane as most to begin with. But you wonder what Chronicler was referring to as "hallucinations" 'cause your question was rather vague. There's only one you were sure was hallucinations, and that was the toxic spores in the crypt. The other you're not so sure about is when you passed out from the stink bomb in the aftershave bottle and banged your head on the mirror. But that one was so vivid and intense, you don't know if it was just wholly a product of your mind or if someone or something else was putting that "vision" into your mind. Ask Chronicler which of these it was. Even a hint would be enough. As for the other things you've heard and seen while performing the prayers to Ifocen and Gaisia, ask how much of those were cooked up by your own mind and knowledge and how much was inserted from outside.

If you're to tell Chronicler of Belseth and his connection to the Rune of Eternity, you're going to need to get its absolute promise it will not in any way, shape or form inform the Old Man, AKA Life of what you tell it here, as well as it's assurance that Old Man Life is not watching or listening to us here. You don not trust that the Old Man will not resort to excessive measures to remove all trace of the Rune of Eternity, and you'd rather not risk that. Besides, you suspect the "vision" of the Rune of Eternity is being planted in Bel's mind from outside, so removing Bel wouldn't get the actual source. Anyway, you remember the Old Man said he could erase the memory of him from any who might worship him, so if he could do that then he could erase the Rune from the minds of all who've seen it... Or can he not because by it's very function he can't see it? Then perhaps could Chronicler do so?

Assuming Chronicler can assure you the Old Man won't hear of what you say here, then tell it how you found what the Rune of Eternity looks like. That from what Belseth told you, starting a few days ago the image of the Rune of Eternity got into his mind and he can't get it out, and that he was looking for a new tattoo design so he was planning to use the Rune, not knowing at all what it did. ...And that he was planning to tattoo it on the last open spot on his body, his groin. You aren't sure if he was going to center the design on his dick or if it would be right above it. Perhaps Bri could clear up it's position, 'cause she said at first it was the former, then later that there was a dot in the middle which indicates it's the latter. And that brings you to the other, stranger thing: Briannah saw the Rune of Eternity on Belseth before, while... Er... While she was going down on him, in exactly where he was planning to tattoo it, and way before today. Bri can say exactly how long, but you gather it's been at least a few years since she said it was before she knew her parentage. You ask how she could see something that could happen so far in the future. Is it because the Rune of Eternity is extra-temporal, lying outside normal causality, meaning those with the Sight can see it on whomever or whatever would or might bear it? Unfortunately neither her nor you got to check if both of you could see it today, so we just don't know if it's the Sight you both have or if it's just Bri that can see it. Oh, and you also remember when you were in the bath with Belseth and touched his back, you felt magic. Literal magic, as in the flow of thaumic energy on him. Could that be related to the Rune of Eternity, or is it just one of his other tattooed wards or runes you felt reacting to you? But if it's the latter, why would it respond to you?

Also ask how possible it is for the Rune of Eternity and how to use it be rediscovered in this age without knowledge from the previous age. As in, through careful research and testing. You figure zero if it's out in the open, but what about in a place that's warded against the Old Man. You figure there's still a few places marked with the Rune in the world, among them Xuv's prison, which you assume since the Old Man never could find her.

While you have Chronicler here, show it the four other runes you copied from Belseth's skin and ask what they do or mean. Also ask what the original meaning of the circle with a dot in the center symbol the Temple uses was.

Also ask if it's the Old Man that's been violently keeping mages from tapping the River of Souls. There has to be a intelligence behind all the catastrophic failures of every attempt to do so, and the Old Man being aggressively proactive in preventing a repeat of the events that led to the cataclysm that ended the previous age.

Ask Chronicler who and what the Dragon was and is. You know Xuv said the Dragon is unbound by Fate, and that it was reborn now, and that she mentioned that the gods created the Dragon. But what you want to know is what the Dragon can do. What makes it so important to Xuv? And why the Dragon was created. And also how both Belseth and Briannah can be the Dragon. If the Dragon was a flesh and blood being in the age past of the species that is the precursor to the Sakkilians, then you'd figure they're descended from the Dragon's bloodline. But if that was the case, then after so many generations wouldn't all or most Sakkilians are descendants of the Dragon and carry a tiny fraction of that bloodline? And you also want to know if what Xuv said of the Dragon and a Highborn, a Vark, laying together, as in having sex, resulting in the Phoenix King is literal, in that they'd have a child from that union.

You also have to wonder how many people in the world today are descended from Xuv. You get the feeling she had many, many children among many, many people of probably every species, except Uredo, of course. And then those children had children and so on and on. And for that matter, you have to wonder how many species Xuv created are still around. She said the wyverns are her children, so what others are there? ...And is that they're her children literal in that she actually literally birthed the first members of their species from her own body?

Also ask Chronicler who performed the ritual to summon Xuv when she visited you yesterday. You don't expect a clear answer, but perhaps it could give you a hint. And also ask how while you slept on the night you presented your proposal bracelet to Bri, your mind or spirit or whatever ended up visiting Xuv in her prison. Neither Xuv nor you knew how that happened, but it felt to you like when you first met Xuv during your near-death experience in the royal crypt. And you do remember when you woke up Bri said she wanted to feel your heartbeat, but had trouble finding it. Was it that you nearly died in your sleep that night? But you don't know what could have nearly killed you that night, or brought you back, or how it could have worked in your bedroom and not down in the crypt.

>While her influence is still felt to this day, her will and desires has since long been subverted to appease the will of mortals.
Ask Chronicler what Illasia's will and desire originally was, in what way it's been subverted and changed to appease mortals, and when and why it started to change.

>Um… that thing is mostly filled with debauchery and lewdness… I rather not read it aloud.
Well, then how about a bit from the parts that aren't debauchery and lewdness?

>Nowhere, as it isn’t for your mortal eyes!
Oh, so who's eyes is it for then? And for that matter, who's eyes is everything else Chronicler writes for? Does it write just for itself and its siblings?

>You did promise Cain that you would stop doing that… and you’re not sure what you really have to gain from it. If they are all dead they can’t really help anymore, can they?
What you could gain is finding out another piece about what the "gods" stripped the power from one of their own for, and just who it was. It's likely Illasia, but it might be another, perhaps even Xuv. And even if they're dead, that doesn't mean they can't help with other information or clues. Or you find out that one of them isn't actually dead, but in hiding.

You should remember to speak with Doxan about popping open that door in the crypt. Now that you know it leads to the Grand Temple, you figure Doxan can sneak through there and head to the southwest part of the basement to see if there's a matching tunnel on that side leading to under the mysterious growth in the garden. He might also be able to sneak into the Temple archives and look for maps and records from later expeditions into the Catacombs.

>>729472
>If Belseth's urge was any indication, however, I suspect the archbishop has a tattoo of it. ...what if we asked her if Elete was... interested in you? If she thinks there's a chance she can manipulate you with sex, then we can get her naked in the bedroom and check for the tattoo. If she's NOT tattooed, then, well... free sex I guess?
...Seriously? Seriously?! That's a plan that sounds like it came right out of Bri's head! And it's also a bad plan! First off, Old Man Life probably can see the Archbishop, given that when Kronos brought her up he said she doesn't have the Sight and thus was worthless to him. That indicates that he could see her. Secondly, we don't know if Elete is the Archbishop. She's more likely to be a trusted agent of the Archbishop than the Archbishop herself. Thirdly, Varks are feathered, meaning any tattoo on the skin would be hidden under said feathers, making searching for it a rather obvious task. Fourthly, we don't know if the Archbishop knows what the Rune of Eternity looks like, or if she does if she knows it's important enough to tattoo on herself. And I'm sure there are many other reasons this is a bad idea, but these are the more obvious ones I can think of.
>>
No. 729761 ID: c43722

Oh, and it's important to ask if the Rune of Eternity can be safely disabled the same way as any other rune, by either removing part of it or placing additional marks on it of the same material. Also, you may be able to prevent the possibility of Bel getting the Rune of Eternity tattoo by getting him to fill that spot with another design, leaving him with no place to fit the Rune.
>>
No. 729771 ID: c43722

>>729760
And make sure to clarify that Belseth said he has no idea from where the image of the Rune of Eternity got into his head and that he's been wracking his brain these last few days trying to remember where he saw it before. Say that from this you have suspicions that the image was planted into his mind from outside by means psychic or magic, and most likely from a entity from the previous age, given it knew the Rune of Eternity. However, you don't know who or what could clearly remember that Rune after so long and get it into his head. You don't think it was Xuv because when you asked her about a ward against the Old Man she couldn't remember what the Rune looked like and if she can't remember such a important rune is then you don't see how she could have gotten it into Bel's head. Ask Chronicler if it has any ideas where and how the image of the Rune got into Belseth's mind.
>>
No. 729778 ID: c43722

>>729760
And also don't forget to specifically ask Chronicler if the location Belseth was considering to tattoo the Rune of Eternity on himself has any additional meaning or if it would have had any additional effect on the Rune's function or done anything else special beyond the Rune's function. You just want to know if there's anything special or notable about tattooing that particular rune in that particular location a person's body. Is getting the Rune of Eternity tattooed upon the body part of the ritual procedure Xuv and her ilk used to become "gods?"
>>
No. 729817 ID: 65a774
File 146603393974.png - (69.63KB , 686x526 , 36.png )
729817

>.....hey, wait a minute! Where's the ribbon that was on Bri's tail?!
Clearly, it fell off or something and I absolutely didn’t forget about drawing it… Honest!

>...and the ass was glorious.
…and you really need to keep your mind off it or you’ll do nothing but stare all day.
>You promised him you'd stop praying to demons or whatever he considers Xuv to be. A ritual to a "real" god would be fine, wouldn't it?
While loopholes are all fine and dandy in most cases, betraying a friend’s trust isn’t one.
>As for what you'd gain from it, well... you did get visions from praying to the other gods.
Did those things actually help any? You’re pretty sure they just confused you even more!
>Then again, you also underwent some physical stress from the visions, which seemed to be increasing a bit with each one that happened. Maybe we should limit it to four, and not push the issue.
Yeah, you rather not get something even worse than a nosebleed.

>You should remember to speak with Doxan about popping open that door in the crypt, now that you know it leads to the Grand Temple.
Hmmm… maybe he can scout out all the entrances to the crypt? You really could try to send him away tonight to check on them.
>Thankfully the only confirmed or even suspected hallucinations so far happened after being exposed to either outright hallucinogenic spores or expired aftershave.
Thankfully… if we don’t count the “visions” you got after those prayer rituals, though that might have just been the trauma they did to you.
>If Belseth's urge was any indication, however, I suspect the archbishop has a tattoo of it. ...what if we asked her if Elete was... interested in you? If she thinks there's a chance she can manipulate you with sex, then we can get her naked in the bedroom and check for the tattoo. If she's NOT tattooed, then, well... free sex I guess?
…That plan sound way to much like something Bri would cook up. Let’s not start cooking up plans that sound like Briannah, alright? Not to speak of that there are way too many uncertainties in that plan to start with.


>You're going to need to get its absolute promise it will not in any way, shape or form inform the Old Man, AKA Life of what you tell it here, as well as it's assurance that Old Man Life is not watching or listening to us here.
:ChroniclerSB: Oh, don’t worry, the old man don’t really care to listen what you mortal say… or what we, his brethren, say for that matter.
>It could be that I'm crazy, but I haven't punished anybody for these hallucinations
:ChroniclerSB: It’s just a story. It doesn’t reflect reality like a mirror, but like a lake of uneven, clear ice.
>Admit that with everything that's happened these last few days you're no longer as sure of your sanity as before. You have noticed you've been mentally talking to yourself more, and that some of your thoughts have been way out there, even for you.
:ChroniclerSB: Well, some mental problems does follow in your blood… mostly because your family has been trying to keep the blood pure, so to speak.
:KronosSB: …wait, do you mean-
:BriannahSB: Ha! It just called yah inbred, ‘ubby!
:KronosSB: I’m not inbred!
:ChroniclerSB: Your father and mother were cousins twice removed, weren’t they? And your grandfather on your father’s side married his cousin too… and you grand grandmother married her brother and let’s not-
:KronosSB: H-hey!
:ChroniclerSB: All I’m saying that there might be something there… after all, both your brother were rather weak of mind, no?
:BriannahSB: Heh, typical royal families, always keeping it in the family so to speak, eh?
:KronosSB: Bri, please…
:BriannahSB: Oh, what’s next? Yah’re going to try and lay ye sister, eh? She is a beauty, so I can’t blame yah!
:KronosSB: Kiss my ass, Bri…
:BriannahSB: Well, if yah clean it first I’ll gladly eat that cute arse of ye.
:KronosSB: That’s not… never mind…

>Ask Chronicler what Illasia's will and desire originally was, in what way it's been subverted and changed to appease mortals, and when and why it started to change.
:ChroniclerSB: “The legacy left by those in the past will often be twisted to serve the new generation as soon as those that upheld the legacy is lost and forgotten.”
>Oh, so who's eyes is it for then? And for that matter, who's eyes is everything else Chronicler writes for? Does it write just for itself and its siblings?
:ChroniclerSB: I write so the world can remember. Everything lost from the pages of my books will be lost from the world itself. The saying “Lost to history” isn’t a hyperbole some times.
>While you have Chronicler here, show it the four other runes you copied from Belseth's skin and ask what they do or mean. Also ask what the original meaning of the circle with a dot in the center symbol the Temple uses was.
:ChroniclerSB: You should ask a mage for information about runes, not me. As for the temple symbol… “A symbol draw from crude memories, becoming simpler and simpler by the passage of time. What was once a symbol of power is no nothing but a simple circle.”
>Also ask if it's the Old Man that's been violently keeping mages from tapping the River of Souls.
:ChroniclerSB: Wouldn’t you buy a new lock if a thief stole your things?
>Ask Chronicler who and what the Dragon was and is.
:ChroniclerSB: Dragon? There hasn’t been any dragons flying around for… wait, you don’t mean literally dragons, do you?
:KronosSB: Xuv called Bri and Belseth for dragons. What did she mean?
:ChroniclerSB: Oh, that… it’s nothing, really. The gods, in their pride, refused to accept that there were any mortals that should outwit them, thus the “dragon” was born. Your wife and her false brother is nothing but mortals… mortals that are a bit closer to the stream than others, but mortals none the less.
:BriannahSB: I’m what?
:ChroniclerSB: You’re affected by magic. That’s why you can see me… and that’s why Belseth gets visions too. Most people affected by magic are seen as mad, either by others or themselves, and are thus often… heh, forgotten to history.
>You also have to wonder how many people in the world today are descended from Xuv.
:ChroniclerSB: False gods make false children. While she birthed many hybrids in her days, none of them survived the end of the last age. Oh, well, there is her more original creation that still lives, the wyverns, even though they have gone feral completely.
>Also ask Chronicler who performed the ritual to summon Xuv when she visited you yesterday.
:ChroniclerSB: “…but there was one last player, whose hand was still unseen. In the darkness it sat, simply watching and hardly playing, waiting for the perfect board to appear.”

>tell it how you found what the Rune of Eternity looks like. That from what Belseth told you, starting a few days ago the image of the Rune of Eternity got into his mind and he can't get it out, and that he was looking for a new tattoo design so he was planning to use the Rune, not knowing at all what it did.
:ChroniclerSB: Hmm… seeing as Belseth is close to the stream… it’s fully possible that he’s seen a place where it might be written in the future… or written in the past. It is the symbol of eternity, so time will not affect it like other runes. Or he might just have seen it in passing, proving that there is indeed a rune of Eternity left somewhere nearby.
>Ask how possible it is for the Rune of Eternity and how to use it be rediscovered in this age without knowledge from the previous age.
:ChroniclerSB: Not with your current technology, no… and I don’t believe it will be possible without our help either.
>Oh, and it's important to ask if the Rune of Eternity can be safely disabled the same way as any other rune.
:ChroniclerSB: “Does it matter which color the nail is before the hammer hits it? Does it matter what shape the rock is before you chisel it?”
>Ask Chronicler if the location Belseth was considering to tattoo the Rune of Eternity on himself has any additional meaning.
:ChroniclerSB: The location does not bear meaning, no… especially a location as… lewd as that, no.

:ChroniclerSB: Now, as fun as this has been, I really need to get back to work. I’ll see you two soon, you hear?
:KronosSB: Thank you for your time, Chronicler.
:BriannahSB: … … …geez, glad that’s over with.
:KronosSB: What? You don’t like it?
:BriannahSB: I don’t like anything weird and odd like that! …or something so… so magical. No, magic ‘as never been something that I’m comfortable with.
:KronosSB: Really? Huh…
:BriannahSB: Yah ‘now what. I’ve been lazing around too much today as it is. I’ll need to get some training done before dinner, to burn of that cake, eh?
:KronosSB: It’s still raining outside.
:BriannahSB: They ‘ave a training room in the barracks that should be vacant right now. I’ll just use that. Of course, that is unless yah ‘ave a better idea ‘ow we can burn away that cake, eh? Hehe… well, ‘ow about yah? What do yah ‘ave planned?
:KronosSB: I’m… not sure.
>>
No. 729822 ID: 398fe1

>>729817
>“…but there was one last player, whose hand was still unseen. In the darkness it sat, simply watching and hardly playing, waiting for the perfect board to appear.”
In the darkness... your deceased brother! Of course he'd know the ritual, since he was in contact with Xuv during his attempted rise to power. I bet this is the first time he was able to control an undead body, and so he immediately tried to summon Xuv to ask for help and/or yell at her. Well, that's a relief. The ritual information hasn't leaked. Not that it would apparently matter if it was. ...hey, since that's the case, I wonder if it would be okay to hand the book over to the Archbishop? It's not like she can force Xuv to talk to her instead of you.

Get the ninja to check out the entrances to the crypt, find one we can access to get where we want to go. Tell him to break the lock on the door only if the other entrances are unsafe or inaccessible.

Do some physical training with Bri. ...I'm assuming your eye has healed enough to get a good workout in.

Also tell your father that you won't be able to visit your brother. Security's too tight. Tell him that your brother wouldn't have appreciated it anyway, he probably hates you now.
>>
No. 729824 ID: 931f9d

> Well, some mental problems does follow in your blood… mostly because your family has been trying to keep the blood pure, so to speak.

So you having stray thoughts about group sex with Bri and your dad and/or sister is actually normal.

You can try to deny this and keep these thoughts out of your head...

...

...

...but you can't.
>>
No. 729857 ID: da1652

>>729817
The moral of the hallucinating man story is clear: No matter how believable your visions are, you shouldn't let them control your decisions. Especially not in the face of what you know is real.
>>
No. 729863 ID: 398fe1

>>729857
Thankfully, we have been doing our best on that front.
>>
No. 730061 ID: 91ee5f

>Burn away cake.
Yeah, both of you should head to the training room for some exercise. And since Bri ate more cake than you did, that means she has to exercise longer than you. So after you finish your workout, you can help her with her workout. You can sit on her shoulders while she's jogging and you can sit on her back while she's doing push ups. And you can shout encouraging words the whole time telling her to keep going just a little more! And if she needs some extra encouragement, then you can tell her that after both of you are done exercising, you can both share a nice relaxing bath in the giant bathtub!
>>
No. 730219 ID: f562b1

>You can try to deny this and keep these thoughts out of your head...
What thoughts? They're out of my head!
Really, though, chances are by this point your own children would be more likely heirs than the children of the crown... Mostly because there probably won't be any. So, if you ever happen to knock up a consort during some threesome, you'll be doing your family a favor--But that doesn't mean you should be trying to. At least, not so soon...
>>
No. 730773 ID: 65a774
File 146636476958.png - (39.46KB , 686x526 , 37.png )
730773

>In the darkness... your deceased brother! Of course he'd know the ritual, since he was in contact with Xuv during his attempted rise to power.
Wait, how is that even possible? Your brother is dead… and even if he came back as some undead monstrosity, they pretty much never remember that much of their past lives! …and since when did he even know about Xuv? You’re pretty sure you’re the first person to speak with her since the fall of the old world.
>I wonder if it would be okay to hand the book over to the Archbishop? It's not like she can force Xuv to talk to her instead of you.
There is still a possibility she’ll use it for some other nefarious purpose. After all, as far as she knows, Xuv doesn’t even exist… or is dead or something.
>The moral of the hallucinating man story is clear: No matter how believable your visions are, you shouldn't let them control your decisions.
That’s a given…

>So you having stray thoughts about group sex with Bri and your dad and/or sister is actually normal.
You’re pretty sure incest doesn’t stay in the family… wait, you worded that wrong. What you mean is that it’s not hereditarily… and you’re definitely not having dirty thoughts about your sister’s big chest!
>Really, though, chances are by this point your own children would be more likely heirs than the children of the crown... Mostly because there probably won't be any. So, if you ever happen to knock up a consort during some threesome, you'll be doing your family a favor.
You’re pretty sure love isn’t a requirement to get children, so your sister will probably get some down the line at some point… and any thoughts about children can wait until after the marriage, at least. Next thing you’ll suggest is to knock up your own sister to keep the blood pure or something, isn’t it?


>Get the ninja to check out the entrances to the crypt, find one we can access to get where we want to go.
:DoxanSB: I won’t leave a trace.
>Also tell your father that you won't be able to visit your brother. Security's too tight. Tell him that your brother wouldn't have appreciated it anyway, he probably hates you now.
:CAinSB: My apologies, sir, but your father is busy at the moment. I’ll tell him as soon as he gets some free time.

>Yeah, both of you should head to the training room for some exercise.
:SisahSB: 95…
:KronosSB: I’m surprised that you barely notice me standing on you.
:SisahSB: 96…
:BriannahSB: Yah barely weight anything! Yah definitely need more meat on those bones of ye.
:SisahSB: 97…
:BriannahSB: And I’m surprised yah can keep ye balance so well.
:SisahSB: 98…
:KronosSB: I’ve always had good balance, ever since I was little.
:SisahSB: 99…
>Tell her that after both of you are done exercising, you can both share a nice relaxing bath in the giant bathtub!
:BriannahSB: A bath? Didn’t we already do that today?
:SisahSB: 100!
:BriannahSB: No, to many bath will ruin my scales, eh?
:SisahSB: …101.
:BriannahSB: So I’ll ‘ave to pass. No, I won’t ‘ave time for something like that before dinner, eh?
:SisahSB: 102.
:BriannahSB: And weren’t yah talking about inviting Belseth? Or did yah forget to do that?
:SisahSB: 103…
:BriannahSB: N-no… ugh… no, I’ll just take a quick shower after this, just to watch a-away the sweat.
:SisahSB: 104…
:BriannahSB: Huff… and then I’ll… I’ll ‘ave some things I need to do in private, eh?
:SisahSB: 105!

:BriannahSB: So, I’ll need to leave yah on ye wholesome for an ‘our, ‘ubby. ‘ope yah can manage without me, eh?
:KronosSB: I think I’ll be fine.
:BriannahSB: Now, time for sit-ups… and yah need to work up a sweat again too! ‘ere, ‘ow about yah try ye damnest to keep me from getting up, but putting ye ‘ands on my shoulders? I’m sure yah can’t keep me down for long, heh…
:KronosSB: Oh, you’re on.

Crap, you did forget about inviting Belseth to dinner, didn’t you? Maybe you should try to do it now, after you’re done with the training here? Or is it a bit late for that? Either way, you will have about an hour before dinner to do whatever you want to do, without having Bri looking over your shoulder. You’re sure you have something that you need to do without her knowledge…
>>
No. 730775 ID: 8e9de7

>and you’re definitely not having dirty thoughts about your sister’s big chest!
>dirty thoughts about your sister’s big chest!
>your sister’s big chest!
>your sister’s
>big chest!
>>
No. 730825 ID: 398fe1

>hour before dinner
That's not too late to invite him. Try it!
>>
No. 730830 ID: 91ee5f

Playfully make a big deal out of Bri leaving you for an hour. Tell Sisah that she needs to protect you from Bri because she's threatening to kill you by leaving for a full hour! You're not sure if your heart is going to be able to survive that long without her! Then dramatically clutch your chest and collapse to the ground and play dead.

But seriously, it's not too late to go invite Bel to dinner, so let's go do that.
>>
No. 730924 ID: 1ce6a6

>>730773
just knock up the lizard already
>>
No. 730934 ID: 8ec390

> and you’re definitely not having dirty thoughts about your sister’s big chest!
Dude. She looks like your mother. Hell, she looks older than your mother. Not to mention she's married, and so are you. That's like five kinds of "don't".

> I’m sure yah can’t keep me down for long, heh…
Get into position to use your tail-feathers on her midsection or thigh and claim innocence when she protests; you're just keeping your balance.
>Crap, you did forget about inviting Belseth to dinner, didn’t you?
I don't even remember discussing it, much less telling Bri about it, but don't be offended if he already has plans. Be sure to mention you intended to tell him when you met today but forgot.
>>
No. 730965 ID: c43722

Once Bri's laying down, move to take a grip of her shoulders, but simultaneously lean in so you can lick along the top of her head, down her muzzle to her snout, (noting how even her sweat tastes sweet,) and give her a deep kiss. When you finish, smirk a little and say that you actually did keep her down for long. But after she rebukes your claim, tell her on a more serious note that you think trying to hold her down won't actually work up a sweat for you 'cause she'll just drag you along with her. You are a featherweight, after all. And it'll also get in the way of her since you'll have to shuffle back every time so she can lay back down. Maybe if you had someone hold your legs down to keep you in place it'd work. Perhaps Sisah or Bri's bodyguard, Agissa, could do that for you.

>Yah barely weight anything! Yah definitely need more meat on those bones of ye.
Oh, Bri doesn't like having a husband she could potentially hold over her head with one arm for hours? Ask her why she wouldn't want that. But anyway, you figure she has more than enough meat on her bones for the both of you, so you'd rather keep your svelte form. Sure you'll work out, but you want to stay light, working on stamina and agility more than strength. ...Besides, there are certain interesting... Things you can imagine you two can do together if you stay a lightweight. Ones that take advantage of Bri's great strength and your light body. Heheheh.

Say that you're thinking of taking up learning painting again. You only really gave it up because Kira got so busy she couldn't continue, and it just wasn't as fun without her company, but now you have Bri to paint along with you. And it'll be good to have a hobby in common with her (that isn't sex.) ...And it also doesn't hurt that Bri'll certainly pose for you as well. You'll just have to remember to have her take poses that are classy more often than the "saucier" poses.

Tell Briannah you still want to personally see the... Um... ingestion capabilities of Sakkilians, both to set in your mind that it's really real and also so you can start to work to get over your phobia of it. But also tell her how the Slaver Incident has been lodged in your mind and how you think it's been causing you to mis-hear things. Given that, you think it'd be sensible if she isn't the one to do the demonstration, just so that you don't potentially end up associating that fear with her and having to work through that as well. You two just have to figure out who could do it in her stead. ...Didn't Belseth say that he kept having to instruct the Sakkillian troops to not swallow animals whole in front of Varks? How about one of them? And perhaps if there's one of their number who keeps doing so with intent to upset your people, they could be ironically disciplined by being ordered to eat whole something uncomfortably large, then have to perform their duties while having a horrible stomachache.

Ask Bri why she said you were really starting to sound like Doxan before when you asked if she'd demonstrate this for you. Though, with the way things seem to be going lately, you suspect it's in some way sexual for him. Like he has a fetish for watching Sakkilian ladies swallow creatures whole, and that one of his fantasies is the old saying "so hungry I could eat a horse" to be taken literally.

Softly tell Bri that you haven't forgotten about that favor you called in this morning that's still pending, and that she promised she'd do it before the end of the day. You're just reminding her so she knows to set aside adequate time for it. (And also that she can't bank on you forgetting it like you've done all too often before with important things.)

...Hold on a moment. You never did decide on whether or not you were going to invite Belseth on a dinner date, either with you alone or with both you and Briannah. While Bri did suggest a double date after you told her you'd want to date Belseth before doing anything else with him, you didn't actually agree to having a double date. And then when you thought about dinner with Belseth and Briannah you ended up figuring that it'd probably be for the best to keep any burgeoning relationship you might have with him away from her, but in the end you actually didn't make any decision about it and kinda let it drop... Hey, wait a second... You never did say those thoughts out loud, so how could Bri say you were talking earlier about having dinner with Belseth? Or is it that you never did and Bri is saying you did, hoping you'd think you forgot and would invite Belseth on the double date she wanted? You should ask Bri when you said that, saying you can't remember, and ask Sisah at the same time too so Bri can't fib either.

Tell Bri that you would like to have dinner with Belseth, and you know she'd like it to be a double dinner date, but you have misgivings about that. For one, it'll be your first date with another guy as well as your first date with Belseth, which will be hard enough on both your emotions and thoughts alone. If she's there, you worry that their history together will end up filling the room and messing things up. And despite how they've tried turning over a new leaf and burying the hatchet, you worry that they'll backslide and end up fighting over you... But if you want to pursue a relationship with Belseth, you'll have to face that anyway, so why not put it up front and deal with it right away and don't put it off? And Bri's history with Belseth isn't going to go away either, so wouldn't it be better to deal with it up front as well? ...Hm. And if Bri can show that she can behave herself during a double date, then that would show Belseth that she can keep from being crude and lewd all the time and perhaps improve his attitude towards her. ...Okay, tell Briannah that you'll try a double date with Belseth if she promises to be on her best behavior and keep her "Bri-ness" in check at least most of the time, and apologize when it gets loose. Consider it trial of how well she can act polite and classy.

Better write a note to Belseth as soon as you're done hopelessly trying to hold Bri down. Ask him if he can meet you at the time after you're done here, and it's his pick as to where, and then have a servant deliver it and bring back his reply. That way you won't waste time tracking him down.

>What you mean is that it’s not hereditarily… and you’re definitely not having dirty thoughts about your sister’s big chest!
...Seriously? Seriously?! Has your time with Bri really left you hankin' to stick your beak between a pair of stonkin' great tits so much you're having stray lewd thoughts about your freakin' sister?! That she's your sister is bad enough, but to make it worse she looks like your late mother! That is a whole extra 37 layers of "NOPE" right there! If you've got that much of a itch for breasts, hire a courtesan with a huge bosom, get your pent-up desires out of your system and stop thinking about your sister that way. ...And now you're imagining what Bri would look like with boobs and can't get it out of your head.

>Next thing you’ll suggest is to knock up your own sister to keep the blood pure or something, isn’t it?
...Since you're mentally talking to yourself, technically it'd be you suggesting that to yourself, so some part of your mind would have come up with that. And after all Chronicler hinted about the incestuous royal bloodline and it's consequences on the mental, and likely physical, health of the royal family, it's exactly what you should be avoiding! Keeping the blood "pure" is a eventual detriment to both the royal family and by extension the whole kingdom. Incest should be avoided, and you ought to work to do that. Hire a researcher or a small team of them to delve into the royal family tree, and that of other major noble families, and correlate them with incidents of members with mental health issues or congenital defects, comparing how common they are with the non-noble populace. Make a case against keeping the bloodline "pure" and bring it to before your sister and then maybe you can change this tradition.

>You’re pretty sure love isn’t a requirement to get children, so your sister will probably get some down the line at some point…
And given how much a fan of "sausage" her husband is, how much you wanna bet they'll be as much of his blood as Bri's is to the Emperor? ...Though, what if Kira isn't a fan of "sausage" either? What if she's actually a lesbian? How sure are you that she's not?

...Heh. Maybe if things don't work out with Belseth you could set him up with Kira's husband. Wouldn't that be a scandal if it was found out, but it would get Bel laid at least.

>You’re sure you have something that you need to do without her knowledge…
But what? Do you really have anything you want to keep secret from your wife?
>>
No. 730987 ID: c43722

While you're here you can get an idea how badly losing an eye has thrown your aim off by tossing a ball back and forth with somebody. And from that maybe you can get an idea how to start compensating for your lost depth perception. And also ask Bri how long it took her to compensate for losing her eye and if she has any tips from how she did it to share with you.
>>
No. 731312 ID: 65a774
File 146655049872.gif - (236.50KB , 686x526 , 38.gif )
731312

>Playfully make a big deal out of Bri leaving you for an hour.
:KronosSB: Oh, by the FIVE! How am I ever supposed to manage without my humble wife at my side!?
:BriannahSB: Har har, ‘ubby.
:KronosSB: Why, I don’t think I’ll survive a single minute! …oh, I feel faint already… catch me, Sisah!
:BriannahSB: Now yah’re just chewing the scenery!
:KronosSB: You’re breaking my heart, Bri! MY HEART!
:BriannahSB: Really, ‘eartbutt? And ‘ere I thought it was Sisah ‘ere who broke that cure ‘eart of ye, eh? Filling it with eggs and all that… heh…
:KronosSB: Not the heart I was talking about, Bri.
:BriannahSB: Either way, if yah behave while I’m gone, I’ll let yah plow my ‘eart later, eh?
:KronosSB: Then I’ll be on my best behavior.
>Once Bri's laying down, move to take a grip of her shoulders, but simultaneously lean in so you can lick along the top of her hea-
:KronosSB: Ack!
:BriannahSB: Did yah just lick of my sweat?
:KronosSB: Ugh, it’s all grimy and… bluh…
:BriannahSB: it’s sweat from the brown of a currently rather dirty lady, what did yah think it would taste like?
:KronosSB: I just thought… never mind. Still I did manage to keep you down for a bit.
:BriannahSB: …I’m still waiting for yah to put ye ‘ands on my shoulders, ‘ub. I’ve not even started yet!
:KronosSB: Fine, fine, I’ll- ack!
:SisahSB: 1!
:BriannahSB: Now try to keep me up while I descend, eh?
:KronosSB: Urgh, you’re like a freaking boulder!

>Oh, Bri doesn't like having a husband she could potentially hold over her head with one arm for hours?
:BriannahSB: Ha, not unless yah take after ye father I’m pretty sure I can ‘old ye up for ages, eh?
:SisahSB: 5!
:BriannahSB: …in fact, I do believe I can even ‘old ye father up long enough for ‘im to-
:KronosSB: Bri! That’s my father you’re talking about!
:SisahSB: 6.
:BriannahSB: To recharge the light rune? What is wrong with- oh, yeah, yah guys ‘ave servants for that, don’t yah?
SisahSB: 7.
:BriannahSB: Well, in that case I’ll just ‘ave to find a fat servant to do it with instead, eh?
>Say that you're thinking of taking up learning painting again.
:BriannahSB: Really? Hmm, it would be nice to paint something together, eh?
>Ask Bri how long it took her to compensate for losing her eye and if she has any tips from how she did it to share with you.
:BriannahSB: Ye ability to tell distances are complete shit and everything seems a bit off center. :SisahSB: 34.
:BriannahSB: Other than that? Train until yah learn again, dove. No idea ‘ow long it took for me to relearn, but I ‘ave by now… though it ‘appens that I still miss the cup when I boil tea and stuff.

>Tell Briannah you still want to personally see the... Um... ingestion capabilities of Sakkilians, both to set in your mind that it's really real and also so you can start to work to get over your phobia of it.
:BriannahSB: Uh huh… phobia? Really? Ye fascination of it is starting to go way past phobia, ‘un… but I’ll do it still if yah want it.
>Ask Bri why she said you were really starting to sound like Doxan before when you asked if she'd demonstrate this for you. Does he have a fetish for watching Sakkilian ladies swallow creatures whole?
:BriannahSB: In a sense, heh… ‘e ‘ave a bit of a fascination to… well, be the creatures, really.
:SisahSB: 77.
:KronosSB: …w-wait, you’re messing with me, right? *huff* You can’t mean he w-wants to be… be…
:SisahSB: 78.
:BriannahSB: Don’t think ‘e ‘ave the balls to actually do it, but ‘e loves to fantasizes about it.
:SisahSB: 79.
:KronosSB: …and y-you *huff* know that because…
:SisahSB: 80.
:BriannahSB: Dove, please… ‘e’s like a toy to me. I’ve used ‘im a lot of times before I got engaged to yah, so I ‘now what sets ‘im off, eh? And let me tell yah, the dirty talk in the bedroom with ‘im can turn really odd at times, heh.

>Softly tell Bri that you haven't forgotten about that favor you called in this morning that's still pending, and that she promised she'd do it before the end of the day.
:BriannahSB: Oh, right, that… bluh, don’t like talking about that.
:SisahSB: 98.
:KronosSB: *Gasp* W-why is… t-that?
:SisahSB: 99.
:BriannahSB: Because everyone that ‘ears of it comes to the wrong conclusions.
:SisahSB: 100!
:BriannahSB: But enough about that, let’s do another exercise before calling it quits.


>...Hold on a moment. You never did decide on whether or not you were going to invite Belseth on a dinner date, either with you alone or with both you and Briannah.
While the date part is still very much up in the air, you did accidently mentioning having dinner with him to Bri and apparently she thought it was a good idea. It doesn’t have to be anything special… just a dinner between a man, his wife and her brother? …false brother, but still…
>...Seriously? Seriously?! Has your time with Bri really left you hankin' to stick your beak between a pair of stonkin' great tits so much you're having stray lewd thoughts about your freakin' sister?!
No, you’re not thinking about your sister that- STOP THINKING ABOUT- PURGE THE THOUGHTS ABOUT HER FROM YOUR MIND WITH FIRE!! AAAH!!! That’s it! No more thinking about that… subject… ever!
>...Since you're mentally talking to yourself, technically it'd be you suggesting that to yourself, so some part of your mind would have come up with that.
…so you’re really are crazy… great…

>And given how much a fan of "sausage" her husband is, how much you wanna bet they'll be as much of his blood as Bri's is to the Emperor?
It is starting to look more and more like none at all.
>...Though, what if Kira isn't a fan of "sausage" either? What if she's actually a lesbian? How sure are you that she's not?
…you’ve never actually seen her romantically involved with… anyone, actually?
>But what? Do you really have anything you want to keep secret from your wife?
Well, not really… um… there was that thing about having a tell when you had lewd thought you were going to ask Sisah about but other than that…
>While you're here you can get an idea how badly losing an eye have thrown your aim off by tossing a ball back and forth with somebody. And from that maybe you can get an idea how to start compensating for your lost depth perception.
…Bri was right, it’s nearly impossible to really see any distances anymore… and everything seems to be a bit more to the right that they actually are. It seems like you might need to learn to aim just a bit more to the side than you’re used to.
>Just knock up the lizard already.
Now, even if that would be possible to do with Xuv’s help, you’re not too keen to be a father just yet. At least wait until you’re married, at least.


>That's not too late to invite him. Try it!
:BelsethSB: Ah, Greetings Kronos. How can I be of service?
:KronosSB: Oh, I was wondering if you wanted to… dinner… err…
:BelsethSB: Dinner? I don’t have any plans for… wait, why are you looking at me like that?
:KronosSB: I… um…
:BelsethSB: Do I have something on my face?

…Sisah doesn’t seem to react to this… is it another vision? Or have you finally snapped?
>>
No. 731314 ID: 398fe1

I think you should go see a medic. You've been having auditory hallucinations and now visual ones. This is no vision, it's just something you're worried about-- Belseth becoming a god.
>>
No. 731315 ID: 55e284

>No, you’re not thinking about your sister that- STOP THINKING ABOUT- PURGE THE THOUGHTS ABOUT HER FROM YOUR MIND WITH FIRE!! AAAH!!! That’s it! No more thinking about that… subject… ever!

>...but you can't.

Anyway, let's not bring this vision thing up until we have Bri with us. If she also sees something weird, THEN we can talk about it.
>>
No. 731416 ID: 8ec390

>…so you’re really are crazy… great…
It's a phenomenon called 'The Call of the Void'. It's the same little voice that tells you to jump off of high places. You should only worry about it if the rational part of your brain that says 'for the love of god no' doesn't kick in.
Also, I think you were making a sarcastic quip, not a suggestion.
>Do I have something on my face?
... Metaphysically, yes. Anyway, I was wondering if I could finish my sentence and ask you to join Bri and I for dinner.
>…Sisah doesn’t seem to react to this… is it another vision? Or have you finally snapped?
You think you'd have moved past questioning your sanity every time you seen something supernatural considering how long you've been at this. Sisah didn't react to Life either, and what he did to you wasn't psychosomatic. she's the last person you'd trust to corroborate what you're seeing. There's no reason to believe it's insanity.

...Unless Sakkilians are like psychoactive toads and you can get high by licking them. but that would be the dumbest thing to give you brain damage all week.
>>
No. 731564 ID: 91ee5f

>>731315
I agree. And the best way for Bri to see this is at dinner, so let's go do something with Bel until dinner! Preferably, something involving us not being anywhere near the temple because I suddenly don't trust the temple anymore. I mean, sure this vision isn't proof that anything will happen to Bel. But it also isn't proof that nothing will happen to him either. So, just to be on the safe side of things, let's invite him away from the temple to play Regicide in Kronos' room.
>>
No. 731585 ID: 65a774
File 146670736075.png - (45.73KB , 686x526 , 38.png )
731585

>It's a phenomenon called 'The Call of the Void'. It's the same little voice that tells you to jump off of high places. You should only worry about it if the rational part of your brain that says 'for the love of god no' doesn't kick in.
It feels like you’re starting to hear this void more and more and the rational part less and less…
>...Unless Sakkilians are like psychoactive toads and you can get high by licking them. but that would be the dumbest thing to give you brain damage all week.
…yeah, you’re pretty sure you can’t get high licking Bri… even if she would like you to try, you’re sure.

>Let's not bring this vision thing up until we have Bri with us. If she also sees something weird, THEN we can talk about it.
Indeed, you really could make sure it’s actually is a vision before freaking out.
>I suddenly don't trust the temple anymore. I mean, sure this vision isn't proof that anything will happen to Bel. But it also isn't proof that nothing will happen to him either.
Vision or no vision, the temple is still starting to give off a rather creepy vibe. You better keep an eye on them from now on.


>I was wondering if I could finish my sentence and ask you to join Bri and I for dinner.
:BelsethSB: Dinner? As in… just dinner, correct? You can never be sure when Bri is involved…
:KronosSB: Just dinner, yes.
:BelsethSB: Why, I’d love to. Do tell my sister that I’ll be joining the both of you? Um… when, exactly?
:KronosSB: In about an hour.
:BelsethSB: Then I’ll see you then, eh?
>The best way for Bri to see this is at dinner, so let's go do something with Bel until dinner!
:BelsethSB: Oh, actually, my apologies but… I really need to go and talk to… I need to finish some business before dinner, if that is alright?
:KronosSB: Of course, no problem at all.
:BelsethSB: Then I’ll be seeing you in an hour, Kronos.

>I think you should go see a medic. You've been having auditory hallucinations and now visual ones.
:NonSB: Hmm? Mishearing things and odd sightings, you said? How are you feeling right now?
:KronosSB: A bit tuckered out, to be honest.
:NonSB: Your blood pressure is really bad… and your pulse is rather rapid… cold and rather sweaty hands… headaches?
:KronosSB: …now that you mention is, I’ve had them more often than I usually do the last few days.
:NonSB: Neck or back pain? Dry mouth? Stomach aches? Insomnia? Anxiety? … … …flatulence?
:KronosSB: No, yes, no, no, kind of yes and… err… no more than usual?
:NonSB: Hmm… I do believe you’re suffering from a case of stress, my prince. Not surprising, what with the marriage, the incoming trial and everything else that is happening right now.
:KronosSB: Stress? You think I see things because of stress?
:NonSB: Simply put, your brain is tired and isn’t working it’s best right now. I can, if you wish, give you some relaxant medication… but I would recommend to simply taking it easy for a while. Take a glass of wine and enjoy the sunset, read a good book, listen to some music… have a passionate night with someone you care about… or some girl you just fancy. Something to keep the mind of the current problems and let it relax for a moment.
:KronosSB: So… take it easy, then…
:NonSB: Indeed. Just remember that the whole world isn’t on your shoulders, prince. Now, there was this black clad fellow that wanted to see you… a Doxan, if I remember correctly. I’ll leave two to discuss whatever it is in peace, but if there was anything else I’ll just be in the room right outside doing some work, my prince.
>>
No. 731586 ID: 65a774
File 146670737443.png - (23.51KB , 686x526 , 39.png )
731586

:DoxanSB: Greetings, ye lordship, I’ve completed the mission yah sent me on and is ready to report about it.
:KronosSB: Already? Then, let’s… wait, maybe we should do this somewhere a bit more private?
:SisahSB: Don’t worry, sir, the doctor activated a music rune in the other room, probably to give you some proper privacy. There’s no one around to hear you as long as you don’t shout.
:KronosSB: Oh… then go on, did you find a way into the catacombs?
:DoxanSB: Yes and no. I did a quick scout job of the crypt, but was unable to find anything but old urns and ash filled graves. This is mostly because I do not know what I was looking for really, so I’ll need more details to look for if I am to find a secret door or something this week.
:KronosSB: …so, that’s no… and the yes?
:DoxanSB: I proceeded to open the door to the temple and entered it. Luckily, the rooms near the crypt door were mostly old storage that is barely used, meaning I could sneak around without problems, which means I was able to freely scout the southern cellars. I was able to find three entrances to the catacombs you were talking about.
:KronosSB: …wait, three? I’m pretty sure the map only showed two. Where were they?
:DoxanSB: The first is a room right next to the pathway that leads to the crypt from the temple. It’s not guarded, but it’s designed to be a one way entrance. My guess it’s there they used to throw in the corpses of those they judged belonged there.
:KronosSB: Hmm, only one way, eh?
:DoxanSB: The second entrance seems to be the main entrance, which was located on western side of the temple cellars, right where the map yah showed me said it would be. It’s rather ‘eavily guarded, both by the living as well as several wards and traps. Though, it seems the defenses where aimed towards the catacombs, to keep whatever is down there locked up.
:KronosSB: So the undead really are that unruly?
:DoxanSB: As for the last entrance, there was one even further west, which would make it symmetrical with the pathway to the crypt. It was extremely ‘eavily guarded, with a lot of temple guards standing on duty there. They even had two golems down there, which means there’s no way anyone of us will be able to sneak past. Oh, and going by all the tools lying around, I’m going to guess that the tunnel they were guarding was a rather new addition to the temple.
:KronosSB: …So there is something there…something important…

:DoxanSB: Now, is there anything else yah wishes of me, or can I return to the mistress?
>>
No. 731590 ID: 398fe1

>>731586
Has he always had a red eye? I hadn't noticed that before.
>>
No. 731598 ID: da1652

>>731586
Might be a good idea to verify the red eyes with both of them.

Hopefully nothing bad happened to him while he was acting on your behalf.
>>
No. 731628 ID: 91ee5f

>>731590
>>731598
Well, as you can see here: >>723167 , no Doxan doesn't normally have red eyes, but we shouldn't jump to conclusions here! For all we know, it could just be a Sakkilian thing where their eyes turn red when they're tired! After all, we've had him running around doing things for us almost all day!
>>
No. 731678 ID: f562b1

Red eyes are normal: >>/questarch/707409
>>
No. 731679 ID: 398fe1

>>731678
Neat. Let's ask about it anyway. Are they augmented in some way?

...oh, may as well tell him not to feel bad about being unable to spot Cain, turns out he's trained in many things.
>>
No. 731690 ID: 8ec390

>Just remember that the whole world isn’t on your shoulders, prince.
Just the alliance, the prerequisite marriage- why a marriage is needed to seal an alliance in this age of firearms and medicine is beyond me- and the fact that we may start decaying into a immobile husk if Xuv isn't dealt with to worry about- although it could be that life's already cured you and I'm misremembering that last part.

Is it feasible to attach a rope ladder to the one-way entrance, or stick a brick in the door or something? We can post a designated barrier troop to make sure the undead don't escape while we're down there.
>>
No. 731734 ID: c43722

Just to double check, ask Doxan to confirm that there weren't any golems guarding what you presume is the Catacombs exit, and also what kind of material the golems that were guarding the western entrance are made of. Belseth said that the only known exit from the Catacombs was guarded by steel golems, so if those two golems are the ones that should be guarding the Catacomb exit then that means the Archbishop considers putting them on guarding that entrance more important than protecting against a potential surge of undead. And also ask which direction the guards and golems on the western entrance were positioned to defend from. If it's against the inside, then that indicates they want to keep something in; Perhaps they found another exit from the Catacombs. But if their defenses are facing outward, and with how strong they are, then that indicates that they figure if anyone is going to come down there and try to get in, it'll be a strong force, and the only force as strong as that around is the crown's. They're figuring to hold off an assault long enough to either complete whatever they're planning to do or destroy the evidence of it.

Your sister should be informed of what Doxan found, as well as what it means. Pen a letter to her tracing the path from your hunch about the plant growth, to Whisper's reply, Tim confirming the plants were exposed to strong raw magic, the implosion of his detector and what caused it, and you sending Doxan to sneak into and recon the Temple via the old Priest's Way to the Royal Crypt and what he saw. Emphasize that the Archbishop moved the golems off of guarding the Catacomb exit from undead to guard this western entrance and what it implies. Kira'll be annoyed that you didn't break off investigating this yourself like you said you would, but you can add that you at least had enough sense to not try and do it personally, and that you doing this also insulated her from fallout if things go wrong. If one of her people was caught down there, there's be political fallout that'd land on her, but if it was someone sneaking about down there at your behest then that's just Kronos being his harebrained self again. And end the letter asking that she send a reply to confirm she received it. Then sign it, seal it and put it into the hand of a servant you absolutely trust to get it directly into Kira's hand or the hand of her personal secretary. You do not want it to possibly stray into hands you don't want it to.

And when you're in private again don't forget to ask Sisah if she knows the tell Bri said you have when you're thinking of something lewd and to tell you what it is if she does know.

And also tell Sisah that you'd like to hear from her at some point the real reason she's been in the employ of your family for so long and has been so loyal to them. No amount of money could move a mercenary to do what she's done for your family all these years, and to herself in the form of that magical hardware that drains and pains her so in order to further her capabilities in performing her duty. You think Bri mentioned Sisah was seeking "redemption," so you'd like to know what Bri was talking about.
>>
No. 731814 ID: 65a774
File 146688874889.png - (26.72KB , 686x526 , 40.png )
731814

>Just the alliance, the prerequisite marriage and the fact that we may start decaying into a immobile husk if Xuv isn't dealt with to worry about.
Well, that’s a very relaxing and non-stressful thought.
>Hopefully nothing bad happened to him while he was acting on your behalf.
Why do you get the feeling Bri would eat you alive if something bad happen to him? Um… figuratively, of course.

>Might be a good idea to verify the red eyes.
:DoxanSB: Red eyes? Ah, I see that ye ‘ighness have an aptitude to spot magic, eh? Do not fret, it simply a pair of runes to ‘elp me work.
>Are they augmented in some way?
:DoxanSB: Not exactly, I just carved magically infused runes of sight there.
:KronosSB: …you carved runes onto your eyes!?
:DoxanSB: No, I… oh, let me show yah. Let me just take this off and… ‘ere see these?
:KronosSB: …wait, are those… transparent eyelids?
:DoxanSB: They are some kind of old evolutionary byproduct that were supposed to keep sand out of our eyes or something? Or was it to make us see under water? I don’t ‘now… what I do ‘now is we practically don’t use them anymore, as they are really grainy and ‘ard to see through… but seeing grainy is better than seeing nothing at all, eh?
:KronosSB: …so, let me get this straight, Sakkilians have a second pair of transcendent eyelids that you carved runes on?
:DoxanSB: That is correct, sire.

>...oh, may as well tell him not to feel bad about being unable to spot Cain, turns out he's trained in many things.
:DoxanSB: And so am I…and I even ‘ave magic to ‘elp me try to spot ‘im! There something very wrong with that man!
>Just to double check, ask Doxan to confirm that there weren't any golems guarding what you presume is the Catacombs exit.
:DoxanSB: I did not see any men made of clay and steel, but it’s possible they were further in. I only saw our side of the entrance, after all.
>also ask which direction the guards and golems on the western entrance were positioned to defend from.
:DoxanSB: They were there to keep people out, not in. So there is probably no undead roaming on the other side of that tunnel.
>Is it feasible to attach a rope ladder to the one-way entrance, or stick a brick in the door or something?
:DoxanSB: I can’t really say, as there was need of someone to manually operate the gates from the temple side from the other side of the room. What I can say is that you’ll will definitely need someone to operate the gate from the temple side if yah want to get back in from the catacombs.

:KronosSB: Thank you for your hard work, Doxan, I appreciate it.
:DoxanSB: For the mistress, my lord.
:KronosSB: Sisah, let’s head back to my apartment.
:SisahSB: Of course, sir.
>>
No. 731815 ID: 65a774
File 146688876495.png - (42.92KB , 686x526 , 41.png )
731815

>Your sister should be informed of what Doxan found, as well as what it means.
You pen a letter to her, describing everything you’ve learned about these catacombs and this new entrance as well as what, exactly, all this can entail. You make sure to get so many details as you can into the descriptions, especially concerning the well-guarded, newly dug entrance and what it might contain. When done, you seal it with your personal wax seal and then you make sure to give it to one of her personal servants, someone who should be trusted to deliver it directly to her.

>When you're in private again don't forget to ask Sisah if she knows the tell Bri said you have when you're thinking of something lewd.
:SisahSB: You have a tell when you think lewd thoughts?
:KronosSB: So you haven’t seen it then?
:SisahSB: Lewd thoughts? …like the thought of what we did this morning? Filling that cute butt of yours with my eggs?~
:KronosSB: S-sisah…
:SisahSB: But no, I haven’t spotted anything that might give your thoughts away… like thoughts that must have been going through your head today, when you walked around for hours with your bum filled with my unborn children, with everyone but me, you and your wife none the wiser, eh?~
:KronosSB: Okay, you’re definitely feeding me lewd lines to try and spot my tell, aren’t you?
:SisahSB: Oh, you got me, I just wanted to see if- EGGS!
:KronosSB: Wha-
:SisahSB: It’s the tail feathers. They twitch every time you get excited. Which would be obvious in retrospect, given that they went on full display when you orgasm… probably trying attract more mates by showing of your best parts, hehe…
:KronosSB: R-right, my tail feathers twitch… thank you… but you didn’t need to grind yourself against me like this to find that out.
:SisahSB: Oh, please, it’s not like you didn’t enjoy a bit of attention.
:KronosSB: …I have to admit it’s not completely unwelcome, no…

>And also tell Sisah that you'd like to hear from her at some point the real reason she's been in the employ of your family for so long and has been so loyal to them.
:SisahSB: Oh… that… um… it kind of ruined the mood bringing that up…
:KronosSB: You don’t need to tell me right now if you don’t want to but-
:SisahSB: No, no, you’re my ward. You deserve to know… especially as you are part of my greatest failure.
:KronosSB: Is this about back then? When you saved me?
:SisahSB: It is, in a way. Hmm… it’s a bit hard to explain in your language, but I’ll try. I was born and raised as a mercenary by… the closes word you have would be “family”, a mercenary family. The one who laid me, my “mother”, was part of it… and it’s possible my father and… um… other mother was as well, but it’s not like- no matter. They were close to me, that’s what matters.
:KronosSB: Something happen to them?
:SisahSB: When I came to age at 14, I was given the privilege to choose our next mission, my first ever mission. I’d found rumors of a Sakkilian raiding party that would hit a very valuable Risavian caravan, which intercepting would be both a long shot and a risky task, but it would give us quite a reputation with a kingdom as rich as yours.
:KronosSB: I can guess which caravan this was…
:SisahSB: After some long heated debates, I was able to convince the others to go along with the plan, given that I was to perform one of the more boring tasks, to scout ahead for the others. I… failed them then… both because of my inexperience and my partner’s laziness… by the time we saw that there wasn’t a raiding party coming, but a whole army it was already too late. I failed my brethren and they all paid for it in blood… even when I foolishly tried to rush to their aid, I only managed to get the last of my “family” killed… and I was forced to flee… flee with what just happened to be the royal cart containing a certain prince.
:KronosSB: Wait, they just left me there unguarded?
:SisahSB: Of course not. I probably fought and killed a dozen soldiers before I fled. Though, I would not hark it all up to skill. Those warriors were probably trained to meet in battle with other soldiers using steel as they did, and not an inexperienced magic caster high on rage and adrenaline.
:KronosSB: …so, wh-

*Knock*Knock*

:KronosSB: Huh? Belseth maybe?
:SisahSB He would be half an hour early if it was.
>>
No. 731816 ID: 65a774
File 146688877591.png - (24.66KB , 686x526 , 42.png )
731816

:EleteSB: Greetings, oh great prince. The Arch-bishop herself sent me to discuss the topic concerning the proposal she gave you a few days ago. Do you have some time to talk right now or should I come back later?
>>
No. 731823 ID: 8ec390

>Do you have some time to talk right now or should I come back later?
Sure, because It will be a quick conversation. Your alias game is weak, and I'm in no way inclined to cooperate because of that kind of dishonesty or deception alone- in addition to the likelihood that whatever on earth you're planning is amoral or destructive, either physically or to royal hegemony. If it weren't, you'd have talked to my sister. Five be with you.

Is something wrong with one of her eyes? It looks like her right is grey.
>>
No. 731858 ID: 398fe1

>>731816
Haha, looks like she already had the idea to seduce you to get at the book. Of course, we can't agree to sex without Briannah.

How long until Briannah is back? Invite her in for tea in the meantime. Ask her what the Archibishop plans to do exactly once there is a new god. You need full disclosure before you can assist.

Don't mention that you'd really have to talk to the queen before agreeing to anything this major. At least, not before you can confirm that she has any tattoos... wait, would you even be able to see them if she has any? There are feathers in the way! We should probably not "fall prey to her charms" if there's no chance of seeing the tattoo. Don't sleep with the enemy if there's no benefit to it.
>>
No. 731859 ID: 398fe1

>>731823
Ah, let's not tell her that her cover is blown before we squeeze her for information!
>>
No. 731861 ID: 8ec390

>>731859
Or, we can put her in a position where she needs to start being real honest real quick if she even wants the possibility of our support instead of asking tangential and confusing questions that she can lie about anyway.
>>
No. 731864 ID: 398fe1

>>731861
Tangental and confusing? What? The deal was to hand over the book so they can create a new god. My question was "what exactly is the new god/religion going to do". We weren't given details when the Archbishop visited Kronos in the hospital.

I mean sure she could lie about it, but there's nothing stopping her from lying about it after we tell her we know who she really is. Plus, if we do that, the option of getting her naked and defenseless to check for tattoos is out the window. The defenseless part is actually more important since if she DOES have a rune of eternity, I expect sabotaging the rune would cause Life to show up pretty much immediately to do his thing.

Then we'd have to explain why a dead girl is in our bedroom, sure, but she won't have any visible wounds I expect. Except for whatever we do to break up the rune, anyway... but that won't be a mortal wound, and there will be no evidence of poison.
>>
No. 731878 ID: 8ec390

>>731864
You seem to believe that she's trying the seduction route, which there is no indication she's doing, meaning the only way to find out about any tattoos is to ask her directly. Well we could couch the question in small talk, but apparently 'Mastered skills: + speech craft' doesn't mean what I think it does. Asking her what the new god is about, or any specifics, will get us a response of 'oh I don't know I'm just a priest of the five fresh off the boat' that we already know is bullshit and can counter in advance. I also have no idea why you think she'd have a rune of eternity on her in the first place when Belseth is being used as a patsy, or that attempting anything remotely lewd is a good idea as long as Briannah is around even if Elete were propositioning, or why freaking murdering her would be necessary in any scenario whatsoever.
>>
No. 731882 ID: 398fe1

>>731878
I dunno about you, but that body language speaks to me. If I'm wrong then big deal, all we've done is invited her in for tea and conversation. With her hands behind her back, it's POSSIBLE she has a weapon, but our bodyguard is right there.

I'm not suggesting we ask her about tattoos. I'm suggesting we ask her about the new religion thing. That's it. The questions about tattoos were addressed to Kronos, obviously.
>>
No. 731887 ID: 8ec390

>>731882
Hands behind her back like a gloating bond villain, a wicked smirk and an "I've-got-you-now-my-pretty" stare?!?

You know full well she's been informing on you, don't even let her in the room. You could give away where you've hidden the book subconsciously. Plus if Bri shows up, she'll take it way, way out of context no matter what you're doing.
>>
No. 731891 ID: 398fe1

>>731887
I read it as her pushing her boobs forwards and putting on bedroom eyes. The "oh great prince" line colored my mood a bit.

If we want to be aggressive about things we could confront her about there being no record of someone named Elete. We actually have some grounds to restrain her on suspicion of being a spy. Did the archbishop even confirm that she sent a priest to meet Kronos?

Simply saying "no" and telling her to leave, or feeding her our suspicion of her being the archbishop will blow any opportunity to gain an advantage here.
>>
No. 731909 ID: 5428f3

>>731814
Wow he's surprisingly handsome, no wonder Bri makes such good use of him.
Maybe we could...

>>731815
Can we even do anything about the tail feathers?

>>731816
Oh hey there not Arch-bishop Elete, sure I have time for you to try and seduce me, come on in.
>>
No. 732123 ID: c43722

Alright, Kronos, here's the game plan. You're gonna keep acting like the over-trusting fool of a prince that Elete will expect from her previous interactions with here. Don't do things that let on you know more about what's going on with the Archbishop and the Temple, and don't confront her about her using a false name or probably being one of the Archbishop's trusted underlings. You want her to believe you trust her so she doesn't suspect you when you dupe her. The dupe will be giving her a fake prayer ritual to Xuv, and probably at least to Illasia as well, that Cain and Tim will cook up. If your dupe works the Archbishop will believe the ritual doesn't do anything as well as that you're on-board with her, and not actually against her.

What you should do right now is get a little time to go find Cain so you can quickly speak with him in private. Tell Elete that you have something you need to do right now, but if she can take a seat for a few minutes you can talk with her when you get back. Just make sure she doesn't sit unattended in your quarters so she can't look through your things. Then go track down Cain, or failing that, write him a note. Tell him that the Archbishop's rep is here, probably about the prayer book, and you'll need him and Tim to draw up convincing fake versions of the Xuv and Illasia prayer rituals to eventually pass off to her. You also want him to get word to Doxan ASAP to get over here so he can tail Elete. And you'll also need him to bring tea and refreshments to your meeting with Elete. On your return to Elete, ask her where she'd like to start talking on the topic the Archbishop sent her here for. You can figure out where to go from where she goes.

>Sisah's story
You'll need to finish talking with her about it sometime later, but what she said so far doesn't quite line up with what Xuv said, nor the story Chronicler told you related to Sisah. Xuv said something about "murderer," and Chronicler's story sounded like the character brought their fate upon themself... Do you think that maybe Sisah didn't find out about the Empire's raiding party but instead informed them of the location of a high-value Risavian target in the hope that her merc family could take out the raiders and earn a fortune and fame from it? That would fit more with Chronicler's story, but then again, its stories don't exactly fit what actually happened. And besides that, you don't have any other source of info on what actually happened back then.

...And thinking on it, why was a caravan with the royal carriage you were in anywhere near the Empire border back then? If there were known raiding parties coming from up north, you'd think your father wouldn't want his beloved wife and youngest son anywhere near it if it was as potentially dangerous as that.

>>731823
>>731858

...Oh my god, I don't even know where to start with how many things are wrong in you two's suggestion chains. ...Okay, first off, we have nothing even remotely solid that points towards Elete being the Archbishop. The only thing we know for sure they have in common is that they're both female and Vark. We don't even know the Archbishop's age or even tried to dig up what she looked like before she became Archbishop or whether or not she's a southern Vark like Elete is. But besides that, it just doesn't make sense for the Archbishop to go incognito as Elete.

With how busy the Archbishop must be with her plan, she very likely wouldn't have time to don the guise of a lowly acolyte and meet Kronos in the first place. But the Archbishop was also keeping an eye on Kronos, so it's probable his request for a meeting with a priest was intercepted by the Archbishop and she sent someone she trusted to meet him; That would be the woman we know as "Elete." And thanks to foolishly performing the prayer ritual to Gaisia with Elete was probably how the Archbishop first knew Kronos had ancient knowledge and to turn more attention onto him, eventually finding out he had a whole prayer book.

And also against the Archbishop being Elete is that there have to be members of the Temple who remember what the Archbishop looks like from before she became Archbishop and would take notice of her out of the robes she should be wearing in public. The risk that they'd gossip about that and it getting out and blowing her cover would be too great. So basically, it's much more likely Elete is just a trusted underling of the Archbishop and not the Archbishop herself.

Second thing: We have no reason to believe Elete has the Rune of Eternity tattooed on her body. I dunno where 398fe1 got this idea from, but we haven't even gotten a smidgen of a hint she's bearing that Rune. And it's definitely not enough to try a ill-conceived plan to attempt to bed her to search her body for that Rune. And even if we did have a hint, the only way to perform a search without her knowing would be to do something like drug her unconscious, strip her and then shave her feathers off. That's a course of action I'm sure would have seriously bad consequences whether or not the Rune was found, and that's assuming Sisah didn't put a stop to it right away.

Thirdly, confronting Elete that she's using a fake name will not be helpful. It'll just reveal to her that Kronos knows she's duping him and that he probably has figured out she's one of the Archbishop's people. This will break the belief she has that Kronos is a overly trusting fool, which leads to her underestimating him. We want her, and by extension her boss, the Archbishop, to not see Kronos as clever or savvy so that they aren't wholly on guard.

Fourthly, asking about the new god or religion or anything directly connected to the Archbishop's plan is a bad idea. Besides the fact Elete might not know about the plans or that she could just lie or not say anything, it's also knowledge that Kronos shouldn't have and he only got via Belseth. Elete and the Archbishop would probably put two and two together and figure Belseth is the information leak, which would bring the hammer down on him. But besides breaking Belseth's promise to not tell anybody else what he said, it's not a good idea to share that you know some of your opponent's secrets with your opponent without good reason to.

Fifthly, we don't know what Elete is planning to do here from a single line of speech and a expression that may or may not be what we think it is because Kaktus might have drawn her in a way that doesn't convey what he intended. We can't decide from this whether she's going to attempt to seduce Kronos, gloat at him, pull a dagger from behind her back and try to kill him, break into a jig or even possibly have a pleasant conversation with him. So how about waiting until she's had a bit more to say first before we try and figure out why she's here and what she's really saying, okay?

>>731861
The Archbishop almost certainly has not hung the fate of her entire plan on Prince Kronos agreeing to endorse and support it. With his history of harebrained antics and impulsiveness, she'd be a bigger fool than him to do so. She undoubtedly has alternate plans for if Kronos does not come in on her side, so his support isn't so vital that he can just say all you're suggesting he do and Elete will immediately start groveling at his feet and spilling all the beans. And turning down the Archbishop's request so strongly might backfire badly since the Archbishop knows how popular Kronos is and that if he denounced what she has planned it would hinder her as much as his support would help her. In that case she may make moves to neutralize Kronos, either directly through assassination or by softer means of working to destroy his standing with the populace.

>>731887
>You know full well she's been informing on you, don't even let her in the room.
But knowing she's informing on Kronos when she may not know Kronos knows that means he could feed her false information. Turning her away would be foolish in that case.

>You could give away where you've hidden the book subconsciously.
It's unlikely he would give it's location away just by his body language. And even if he did, it's locked in a nigh-unbreakable and -unpickable mithril chest with the only two keys to it hanging around Kronos' neck and in Cain's possession, and that chest is also in the prince's guarded quarters. With that knowledge Elete or the Archbishop would not be able to just take the prayer book. And any risk of them knowing that information could be neutralized by just moving the book elsewhere, most likely to the royal vault.

>Plus if Bri shows up, she'll take it way, way out of context no matter what you're doing.
I don't see how Bri could take that situationj "way, way out of context" in a horrible way. Bri already has met Elete and, as usual, would not give a damn if Kronos was pursuing her sexually. Likely Bri'd just be disappointed that Kronos didn't involve her.
>>
No. 732254 ID: c43722

>>732123
Actually, have Cain and Tim make up a convincing fake prayer ritual for just Xuv, since it's most likely the Archbishop doesn't have that ritual from the previous age. It's possible the rituals to the other five "gods," especially Illasia, might have survived in the archives of the Temple, or discovered elsewhere, and brought to the Archbishop, so trying to pass off a fake ritual would be spotted right away.
>>
No. 732256 ID: 398fe1

Um, the Archbishop specifically requested the book, and did not name Xuv. If we give her a prayer for Xuv then that reveals we know what she's after AND that we've been speaking to Xuv. So let's not!
>>
No. 732317 ID: c43722

>>732256
But that's incorrect. When the Archbishop spoke to Kronos, as part of her response to his question as to why she so desperately wanted the prayer book she specifically named Xuv. To quote: "We are simply searching for knowledge of the old age. If we are ever to reach its splendor again and, more importantly, not repeating their mistakes and downfall we need as much information as possible. That book of yours does apparently have information about a certain… character that we deem important. I know you already know her name… the god Xuv." (See >>/questarch/706253 for source.) So Kronos already knows from the Archbishop that she's seeking information regarding Xuv, which means giving her a fake ritual to Xuv won't reveal that Kronos knows she's seeking info about Xuv.

And the fake Xuv ritual won't be given alone. It'll be in with a accurate copy of the text of the child's prayer book that aren't related to performing any of the rituals, along with copies of the rituals to the other five "gods..." Though, on further thought, having that particular ritual out of the six not work at all, not even drawing magic, will give it away as being a complete fake. The Archbishop'll very likely have the ritual performed where it can be monitored by mages and various magic sensing devices, so the lack of magic flow from it compared to the other rituals would reveal it as bogus.

Given this likelihood, I think that attempting to fool the Archbishop by giving her a fake ritual to Xuv will fail and fail very quickly, since she'll almost certainly have the ritual performed ASAP, ultimately revealing that it's fake. So that plan is a bust, as well as any other plants that try to pass off fake versions of the other rituals as real. That leaves stonewalling the Archbishop about the ritual to Xuv, however, copies of the non-ritual info from the book could be shared. The ritual to Giasia might also be shared, since Elete, and thus the Archbishop, already know that Kronos has it and it works. If that's done at least we might find out what happens when somebody else does it and what they see or hear.
>>
No. 732319 ID: 398fe1

>>732317
We could just tell her we're willing to give her a copy of the ritual but not the whole book. We know that performing the ritual without Kronos present results in Xuv just buggering off to talk to him instead.
>>
No. 732350 ID: c43722

>>732319
If we knew for sure that the Archbishop was only going to use the ritual to try and talk with Xuv, then that could work. Unfortunately, we don't know if that's the only intention of the Archbishop or if she wants to use the ritual for something else. For all we know, a ritual to summon Xuv is the vital missing part of a bigger spell she needs to cast as part of her plan. Or it could be that the Archbishop really was telling the truth when she said she wanted the book merely because it may contain information about the downfall of the previous age and hints of how to avoid the same fate. Bottom line is we just don't know what the Archbishop's intentions for the knowledge from the prayer book are.

Oh, and we weren't ever going to hand the book over to the Archbishop. If we were going to share its information, it'd be with copies of its contents. Also, only giving the ritual or rituals would give away that Kronos knows why the Archbishop is seeking the book, in the case that that is why she's seeking it. Better to send a copy of all the non-ritual related text as well.
>>
No. 732351 ID: 398fe1

>>732350
I wonder if we could just... tell her. Tell her the cataclysm happened because they created Heaven and hoarded all the souls.
>>
No. 732589 ID: 65a774
File 146722943450.png - (46.18KB , 686x526 , 43.png )
732589

>Wow he's surprisingly handsome, no wonder Bri makes such good use of him.
…and with all the climbing and jumping around he does, he’s probably extremely fit under that robe… and very agile as- dammit, get your mind out of the gutter!
>Can we even do anything about the tail feathers?
You could wear something to cover them… or maybe you should just try not to think lewd thoughts in public all the time.
>You'll need to finish talking with Sisah about it sometime later, but what she said so far doesn't quite line up with what Xuv said, nor the story Chronicler told you related to Sisah.
You do have a few questions for her, yes… maybe after dinner?
>Xuv said something about "murderer," and Chronicler's story sounded like the character brought their fate upon themselves...
Hmm… it seems like she consider herself responsible for their deaths… not exactly a murderer, but she believes she caused the deaths of those she cared about… and she did choose the mission, thus, like in the story, the youngest did bring the fate upon them, so to speak.
>...And thinking on it, why was a caravan with the royal carriage you were in anywhere near the Empire border back then?
You’re not actually sure. It was some kind of diplomatic thing or another, you believe? Something to do with Lorentia or some such. You’re pretty sure you and your mother left with an earlier caravan than the rest… one that was less secure… there wasn’t a war raging back then, after all.

>Haha, looks like she already had the idea to seduce you to get at the book. Of course, we can't agree to sex without Briannah.
…wait, is she? She is probably trying to butter you up, sure, but actually seducing? …you guess she’s kind off pushing out her chest a bit? Hmm…
>Would you even be able to see the tattoos if she has any? There are feathers in the way!
Tattoos are meant to be seen, so there are ways to make them visible even if you have long feathers…and even if they didn’t, there will still be signs of it, as feathers can’t really grow where you’ve inked the flesh.
>I wonder if we could just... tell her. Tell her the cataclysm happened because they created Heaven and hoarded all the souls.
…would she even believe you if you did? And if she does, how can you ever explain where you got the information from?


>Alright, Kronos, here's the game plan. You're gonna keep acting like the over-trusting fool of a prince that Elete will expect from her previous interactions with here. Invite her in for tea.
:EleteSB: Tea? Oh, that does sound lovely, but do we have time to boil a-
:CainSB: Tea, sir and ma’am?
:EleteSB: *VARK!* WHa- ho- where- huh!?
:CainSB: …just a yes or no will suffice, ma’am.
:KronosSB: As the lady just said, tea would be lovely.
:EleteSB: Err… y-yes, of course…
:KronosSB: But do excuse me for just a moment, Elete, I need to have a word with my friend here.
:EleteSB: Oh, go right ahead. Just don’t take too long, we have much to discuss!

>What you should do right now is get a little time to go find Cain so you can quickly speak with him in private.
Apparently, Cain found you.
>You'll need him and Tim to draw up convincing fake version of the Xuv prayer rituals as well as the information in the book concerning her to eventually pass off to Elete.
:CainSB: I’ll see to it, sir.
>You also want him to get word to Doxan ASAP to get over here so he can tail Elete.
:CainSB: I’m sure he is currently tailing your wife, so if you simply wait for her arrival… now, if you’ll excuse me…

>Ask her where she'd like to start talking on the topic the Archbishop sent her here for.
:EleteSB: Ah, yes… well, first I wanted to speak to you about your little book.
:KronosSB: Well, I… rather not part with it just yet…
:EleteSB: While I would rather see it in a museum or an archive than in your possession, we will gladly accept simple copies of the text in it for now. There might be so much to discover within those pages… so, if you wouldn’t mind…?
:KronosSB: Actually, I’m already sent someone to start making copies of the texts…
:EleteSB: Ah, that great! Now, there was this other thing I wanted to discuss. I’m sure a passionate man like yourself have seen the starvation and poverty a war can bring, correct?
:KronosSB: It’s hard to miss…
:EleteSB: You’d be surprised how often those that aren’t in danger of it can miss it completely. But, wouldn’t this be a better world if, if we to say-

...what followed was a rather long spiel about everything from economics, agriculture, class differences and even wars… though there is a common theme among them. To make a better world for everyone… to make the world perfect… to make a heaven here on earth. Of course, the things she suggests would require recourses we don’t have, manpower we sorely lack and intervention from the very heavens… everything we can only achieve if we had something like a god at our beck and call.

:EleteSB: -for the greater good, as only then can we truly-
:BriannahSB: What is this? Yah ‘aving some special company, eh?
>>
No. 732590 ID: 65a774
File 146722945417.png - (42.16KB , 686x526 , 44.png )
732590

>How long until Briannah is back?
Apparently, just long enough.

:BriannahSB: Let’s see… Elete was it? ‘ere to talk about the five lords, eh? I’ll ‘ave yah ‘now, Krony ‘ere already converted me. Made me scream all their names yesterday in passion, ‘e did! Heh…
:EleteSB: That’s not- err…
:CainSB: Sir? I have to papers you asked for… and I asked Doxan to retrieve that book you were looking for as well.
:KronosSB: ...wait, w- oh, right, that! Why, thank you Cain.
:EleteSB: Now, back to what I was telling you, oh great Prince… isn’t that a world worth fighting for? A heaven on earth? A world devoid of injustice and wars?
:KronosSB: Those are some tall promises, though…
:EleteSB: We can make it a reality if we all work together as one… you must understand, your endorsement, as well as the information you’ve found, would greatly help us make this world a reality… so please… if you would be so kindly to share the book with us… even if it is just a copy of the text?
:BriannahSB: Well, whatever yah do, ‘ubby, make sure yah do it quick. Belseth will be ‘ere in five and I think both of us needs a bit of cleaning up before ‘e arrives.
>>
No. 732656 ID: f562b1

>We can make it a reality if we all work together as one…
The old empire was said to have such things, and where are they now? Even the Gods get their power from somewhere, and such a utopia must have cost enough power that it eradicated the entire empire. While I would like to make things better for everybody, I would prefer to not demand it of the Gods to lend such levels of power.
>>
No. 732692 ID: 398fe1

>>732590
...so she's saying she's trying to create heaven on earth, not a literal Heaven. She's trying to make the world a better place, not create an afterlife. That might actually work fine, but the problem is that a god will be immortal and they might decide to escalate things and make the afterlife again despite it not being part of the original plan. How would we prevent that...? Ah. Ask her what they would do if the god they create changes his mind about what he wants for the world. Do they have any means of keeping their god from becoming a demon?

Also yeah looks like seduction wasn't really part of her plan, she's just trying to win you over with words.
>>
No. 732747 ID: 8ec390

There's a saying, Elete, to make an omelette you need to break some eggs. So I think, what does that say about people who want to feed the world? I do what good I can, when I can, but what you're showing me is a pipe dream. You'll get your copy of the book in the spirit of academic accessibility, but you'll need to convince me you're not just making another faction of big damn heroes making the world a better place at the expense of everyone else if you want an endorsement.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm having guests for dinner and I should probably clean up a bit.
>>
No. 732810 ID: 91ee5f

Hopefully there's enough food for you and 2 big Sakkilians. And don't forget that Bri might unhinge her jaw to eat something whole, since earlier she said, "If yah want to see me eat, then I’ll eat!" Just remember you asked for it, as a way to deal with your fears.

Also, if you start seeing that weird vision thing you had when you looked at Bel earlier, ask if Bri can see it also.
>>
No. 732851 ID: 65a774
File 146731469375.png - (52.43KB , 686x526 , 45.png )
732851

>The old empire was said to have such things, and where are they now?
:EleteSB: This is exactly why we need to know what happened to them. Only by learning by their mistakes can we ever hope to achieve their splendor without also suffering their fate.
>There's a saying, Elete, to make an omelet you need to break some eggs. So I think, what does that say about people who want to feed the world? I do what good I can, when I can, but what you're showing me is a pipe dream.
:EleteSB: Things are only impossible if we don’t dare to dream about achieving them. There are possibilities that people need to do less than moral things to achieve a better future, true, but in the end, doesn’t utopia justify the means to achieve it? As you said, eggs are needed for an omelet, but isn’t that a sacrifice everyone is willing to do to get some lunch?
>While I would like to make things better for everybody, I would prefer to not demand it of the Gods to lend such levels of power.
:EleteSB: Why demand when we can ask? Why ask when we can convince? The gods are supposed to be righteous, are they not? Why demand when their very nature would dictate them to help us? We simply need to show them that we are ready for the better future then can make us.
>Ask her what they would do if the god they created what they did would lead to the path of suffering.
:EleteSB: Why, I believe we can hopefully steer away from that path by putting the right person on the right task. If we choose those who wish to better the world for all without compromising their belief or morals, then I think the path we have found will lead us to prosperity and joy.
>You'll get your copy of the book in the spirit of academic accessibility, but you'll need to convince me if you want an endorsement.
:EleteSB: As we have already said, we don’t expect your endorsement until you’ve seen the miracles we will be able to achieve. But, you have our deepest of gratitude for sharing this information with us, oh wise prince.
>Now if you'll excuse me, I'm having guests for dinner and I should probably clean up a bit.
:EleteSB: Ah, yes, of course, your highness. While it will sadden me to leave your exalted presence, I too am needed elsewhere. May your day’s burn bright, my prince.


>Hopefully there's enough food for you and 2 big Sakkilians.
You did order dinner for three… wait, two big Sakkilians? You’re pretty sure Belseth is slightly smaller than you! It’s only the females that are large… especially Briannah… she’s like a freaking mountain at times.
>And don't forget that Bri might unhinge her jaw to eat something whole.
Hopefully she will demonstrate that skill after Belseth has left, as you’re pretty sure he won’t appreciate her showing it off to you.

:BelsethSB: Greetings Kronos, sister! I’m not too early, am I?
:BriannahSB: Yah’re right on time, brother. Dressed up, I see?
:BelsethSB: You’re the one in the dress, sis… but yes, I though a nice evening with you two would require something extra. Though, first time wearing this so I’m not sure I fit in it… how do I look?
:BriannahSB: Hmm… is purple really ye color?

…is he wearing… makeup? Bri doesn’t seem to react to it so it must be normal for Sakkilians to wear it like that?

>If you start seeing that weird vision thing you had when you looked at Bel earlier, ask if Bri can see it also.
She isn’t reacting to seeing anything odd… and you’re not seeing anything odd either, except for maybe that face paint.
>>
No. 732974 ID: 8a39dc

Well, You are still getting used to their culture, so I think it's better safe than sorry: "Not to sound offensive or anything, But do those markings you have on your face also have some religious meaning? It's the first time I see them"

Anyway: Enjoy a good meal and perhaps talk about anything not related to politics or any other troublesome topic, like... Huh... This is harder than I thought... Perhaps Regicide?
>>
No. 732988 ID: f562b1

>>732974
If you are hallucinating markings, then just say that the robe looked cool enough you must have been seeing cool markings that weren't there.
>>
No. 732990 ID: 91ee5f

Ask Bel about the symbols on his face.

Are the symbols on his face glowing? Ask if they're supposed to.

If he has no idea what you're talking about, quickly ask Bri if she sees the symbols on his face. If she doesn't see them, then calm down cause it's all in your head. If she does see them and Bel still doesn't know what you're talking about, then we've got a problem.
>>
No. 733015 ID: 398fe1

>>732851
>no vision
That was likely a stress-born hallucination. It was pretty useless anyway, we already know Belseth is being groomed to become the new god. If the Archbishop really believes what she's saying then she's counting on him being a good person and staying that way.

The main problem with letting him ascend, if everything goes as planned, is that Kronos will rot. ...or will he? If Belseth becomes a god, he could heal Kronos to keep the rot away. On the other hand, even healthy immortality can put a burden on your mind... we would have to ensure that before Belseth's sanity slips too much, he agrees to set aside his godhood. Doing that would cause Life to throw him in Soul Jail though. Life is really the sticking point, isn't he? What are we to do...? I feel like we need to talk to him again, and try to negotiate a deal that lets a god exist but only if they follow a set of rules. I imagine one of them is that only a god can have the rune of Eternity- no structures can bear the mark. No hiding what the god has made, only themselves, as is required for godhood.

These aren't topics to bring up during dinner though. Compliment him on his appearance and ask if those symbols on his mantle mean anything or if they're just decorative.
>>
No. 733080 ID: 65a774
File 146740548524.png - (61.58KB , 686x526 , 46.png )
733080

>That was likely a stress-born hallucination.
Even if it wasn’t, it’s gone now.
>We already know Belseth is being groomed to become the new god. If the Archbishop really believes what she's saying then she's counting on him being a good person and staying that way.
If what you’ve heard about Belseth is true, than he really would be one of the best options for the future the Archbishop preach about.
>The main problem with letting him ascend, if everything goes as planned, is that Kronos will rot. ...or will he? If Belseth becomes a god, he could heal Kronos to keep the rot away.
You’re pretty sure being a god means you’re powerful enough to defy even decay itself, which means he will probably be able to save you from the fate Xuv bestowed upon you.
>On the other hand, even healthy immortality can put a burden on your mind... we would have to ensure that before Belseth's sanity slips too much, he agrees to set aside his godhood.
...the problem here is your own mortality… and even if you find a solution to that, your own sanity. By the time he started going mad you’d probably be insane yourself.
>I feel like we need to talk to Life again, and try to negotiate a deal that lets a god exist but only if they follow a set of rules.
Why do you get the feeling he won’t take the negotiation kindly…


>Compliment him on his appearance.
:KronosSB: Personally, I like the purple. It meshes really well with those lean emerald scales of yours as well as those beautiful golden eyes. Purple and gold really are your colors, Bel.
:BelsethSB: Why, thank you, Kronos.
>Ask Bel about the symbols on his face.
:BelsethSB: Hmm? Oh! You’ve probably not seen one of these before, have you? It’s an old tradition from the north, that the males paint their faces when they venture out on a special evening. This one is a generic one that represent luck.
:BriannahSB: They mostly paint themselves to impress the ladies, trying their best to look cute so some big, strong dame will notice them, eh?
:BelsethSB: Err… well, that’s part of it, yes, but it’s more of a fashion than-
:BriannahSB: The most common ones are “Looking for a quick fuck”, “Looking for someone to fuck for years” and “already found someone to fuck for years”. Quite ‘andy as the ladies ‘nows whom they can grab and drag ‘ome for some snu snu.
:BelsethSB: That’s… um… the gist of it, yes, but I wouldn’t have put it so crudely myself.
:BriannahSB: Oh, please, don’t yah remember after we first met? Yah were ‘onestly considering tattooing the first symbol on ye forehead, eh?
:BelsethSB: To be fair, it would be rather simple to modify it to look like the rest. I’ll have you know, you’re no saint either, eh? I still remember when your notion of “Club dating” was to go in, grab the first two or three guys you should get your hands on and leave?
:BriannahSB: To be fair, it worked most of the time.
:BelsethSB: Until you accidently grabbed a high noble son and was almost charged with kidnapping.
:BriannahSB: ‘e did come forth in my defense, didn’t ‘e though?
:KronosSB: Oh, that sounds like an interesting story.
:BelsethSB: It is! Why, I’m sure you would like to hear it, no?
:BriannahSB: Oh, please…
:BelsethSB: See, it all began when-

>Enjoy a good meal and perhaps talk about anything not related to politics or any other troublesome topic, like... uh...
Apparently the topic of the day is the time after Belseth and Bri met for the first time, when they still didn’t know who exactly Bri was. It really seems like they used to get along in those times… before all that ill blood came between them. In fact, it seems like remembering the time before really put them both in good moods, as the dinner comes and goes flawlessly.

:BriannahSB: -so ‘e smacked ‘is naked bum and told them what they would miss if they didn’t come, just as the cart passed by the village shamans, heh.
:BelsethSB: Oh, I remember that… I can still remember the stern talking too I got for that one…
:BriannahSB: Ha! Stern!? I’m pretty the “talking” was mostly composed of sounds.
:BelsethSB: Well, when you knew one of them swinged my way and I had these assets to use… let’s just say I might have been a bit more wild back then, hehe…
:KronosSB: Actually I’m surprised that you two have been up to so much… after that first meeting in the garden I really thought you two loathed each other.
:BriannahSB: There’s been some bad blood between us the last year or two, yeah…
:BelsethSB: Well, as fun as it is to reminisce about the past, I… really don’t actually need to get going, do I…?
:BriannahSB: Really? And ‘ere I thought yah were a busy man.
:BelsethSB: Well, I was going to go and continue a really interesting conversation I had with General Calcias early but that can wait, no? Of course, I’m rather tired of talking about the past so… unless we can come up with something interesting to spend this evening together doing…
:BriannahSB: Hmmm…
:BelsethSB: And you’re not allowed to come up with something, as it will only be something lewd!
:BriannahSB: Hey! Only the… um… first three… four things was… first five things… six… err…
:BelsethSB: Right… oh! Of course, if you two already have something else planned I wouldn’t want to impose either! You don’t have anything planned, do you?
:BriannahSB: Do we, Kronos?~

…why is she looking at you like hungry wolfhound watching an ankwark hatchling?
>>
No. 733122 ID: 8e9de7

This dinner is gonna end with a threesome. You know this, we know this, and the Gods know this, so just accept it and get it over with and you won't owe any more favors or take dares for a while.
>>
No. 733154 ID: 8ec390

>…why is she looking at you like hungry wolfhound watching an ankwark hatchling?
Because she wants you to suggest something lewd too, probably involving Belseth. Don't. Bri already promised her "arse will be ye's" with no mention of a time limit when you did one of those favors, and it's not like you're starving for action or in desperate need of favors here.

Unless you want to dilute physical intimacy in an unending series of extramarital encounters in an attempt to convince yourself that it's 'just sex'.

anyway, speaking of Generals, ask Belseth how the war is going.
>>
No. 733167 ID: 11f30e

Why don't we try to be the ones to embarrass Bri for once? I'm sure Belseth will like that. Make sure to not cross the line though.
>>
No. 733221 ID: c43722

>>733154
>anyway, speaking of Generals, ask Belseth how the war is going.
The Empire-Risavia war is over and has been so for three years now, due to Krotos' machinations back then. Are you thinking of the ongoing Dynasty-Lorentia war? Because it's unlikely Belseth will know anything more than Kronos about how that war is going. He might have heard more about how the Empire-Risavia alliance is holding up, but he probably doesn't know much more than Kronos either. Perhaps Kronos could ask him how the Temple and its priesthood fared during the war and how well they've done in this shaky post-war period.

Ah, but what Kronos can certainly ask is what Belseth and General Calcias were talking about that was so interesting. That and how their paths crossed. Did Calcias visit the Temple for religious reasons and ran into Belseth there?

Oh, and did Kronos ever mention the Regicide club to Belseth and suggest he join it? And did he ever mention Cain's great prowess at the game and that Belseth would likely find that he's a worthy opponent? If he didn't before, Kronos should do so now. Cain might even be free for a game tonight if Belseth has time for one.
>>
No. 733250 ID: 7b7ab3

>>733080
>…why is she looking at you like hungry wolfhound watching an ankwark hatchling?
Kronos, please don't be dense. Why else would she be looking at you like that?
>>
No. 733265 ID: c43722

Bri probably wants you to make a lewd suggestion for a certain activity you three could do together, or at least you and Belseth. You're not going to stoop to that level, not the least because Bel would likely take you suggesting it badly. One Bri in his life is enough and he doesn't want you turning into another. It'd also go back on what you told Bri this morning about wanting to date Bel and get closer to him before doing anything sexual with him. So as response to Bel's question, vaguely say that you were planning to start working on overcoming one of your fears with Bri's help, then she has a favor to make good on, and then she has something you won to give you. Bri'll know what all those mean and that ought to take the lewd wind out of her sails for now.

Before he leaves, admit to Belseth that you've been having feelings towards him. Ones you've never felt towards a guy before, and a Sakkilian of all people too. Say you want to pursue these feelings and see where they go. Say you'd like to take him on a date, giving a knowing glance at Bri and adding that it'd be just you two. Perhaps dinner tomorrow? That is, unless he has a better idea. Oh, and also tell him that you talked with Bri about this and she's okay with with it, just as long as you don't leave her.

When Belseth leaves, give him a good, close hug and a... Okay, a full kiss would be a bit too much at this point. Maybe affectionately nuzzle your beak against the side of his muzzle a little instead.
>>
No. 733278 ID: 65a774
File 146748804311.png - (38.30KB , 686x526 , 47.png )
733278

>This dinner is gonna end with a threesome. You know this, we know this, and the Gods know this, so just accept it and get it over with and you won't owe any more favors or take dares for a while.
While some part of you hopes it does, you really want your relationship with Belseth to become more than just that. He did mention not coming up with anything lewd too, didn’t he?
>Why don't we try to be the ones to embarrass Bri for once? I'm sure Belseth will like that.
Can you even do that? You’re pretty sure she can’t be embarrassed... at least not by lewd stuff. Hmm, what would embarrass her, though?
>Kronos, please don't be dense. Why else would she be looking at you like that?
You know she want something lewd, that’s a no brainer. It’s just the question of what kind of lewd exactly. Does she want you to suggest something that can lead to lewdness… or does she have something lewd planned when Belseth leaves? Either way…
>Don't.
You’ll not bring up anything lewd to Belseth.


>Say that you were planning to start working on overcoming one of your fears with Bri's help, then she has a favor to make good on, and then she has something you won to give you.
:BelsethSB: Ah, really? Then I will not impose!
>Ask what Belseth and General Calcias were talking about that was so interesting. That and how their paths crossed.
:BelsethSB: Ah, I can’t talk about that. It’s work related, you understand.
:BriannahSB: Hmm, I didn’t take Calcias for a religious man.
:BelsethSB: I’m not only a priest, but a represented of the Empire. It’s concerning the Sakkilian soldiers under his command, nothing more.
>Oh, and did Kronos ever mention the Regicide club to Belseth and suggest he join it?
:BelsethSB: Hmmm, I think you did? Or am I misremembering? Either way, it sounds fun enough, though I don’t think you’ll be on my level, no offence.
>And did he ever mention Cain's great prowess at the game and that Belseth would likely find that he's a worthy opponent?
:BelsethSB: Really? Then I must play him when I get the time.

>Admit to Belseth that you've been having feelings towards him. Ones you've never felt towards a guy before, and a Sakkilian of all people too. Say you want to pursue these feelings and see where they go.
:BelsethSB: W-wait, yah mean like a… date? Date date?
:KronosSB: Dinner tomorrow, maybe? Just the two of us?
:BelsethSB: That’s… err… that sounds… lovely? The only thing I ‘ave planned tomorrow is the trail and… err… if there is time and the mood is right… sure, dinner sounds amazing.
:KronosSB: Dinner it is.
>Oh, and also tell him that you talked with Bri about this and she's okay with with it, just as long as you don't leave her.
:BelsethSB: Ah, she’s already… um…
:BriannahSB: I’ve already given ‘im permission to pound that bum of ye as often as ‘e like.
:BelsethSB: …not the way I would put it, but yes.
>When Belseth leaves, give him a good, close hug and a... Okay, a full kiss would be a bit too much at this point. Maybe affectionately nuzzle your beak against the side of his muzzle a little instead.
:BelsethSB: G-goodnight Kronos…
:KronosSB: Goodnight, Bel…
:BriannahSB: Now kiss!
:KronosSB: Stop trying to ruin the moment, Bri…
:BelsethSB: Oh, wait, one last thing… you said that Bri was helping you overcoming a fear of yours? What kind of fear? Maybe I can help?
:KronosSB: Err…well-
*Knock*Knock*
:KronosSB: Wait, who? Come in?
>>
No. 733279 ID: 65a774
File 146748805436.png - (26.47KB , 686x526 , 48.png )
733279

:KronosSB: A servant?
:NonSB: Excuse me for intruding, but I’m here as the lady requested.
:BriannahSB: Eh? Wait, yah’re early! Yah were supposed to wait for my signal!
:NonSB: As requested, I’m here to be eaten whole by the fair lady.
:KronosSB: W-wait WHAT!?
:BelsethSB: Bri… what exactly were you thinking of doing?
:BriannahSB: It’s not like that! That’s Doxan! It’s not… err…
:NonSB: I’m ready to meet my fate, my lady. I’ve said my goodbyes and signed all the papers.
:BriannahSB: Dammit, Doxan, stop messing around. The joke is over already!
:NonSB: I’m willing to give my life to become part of you, oh grand-
:BriannahSB: Doxan, stop.
:BelsethSB: Okay, what is going on right now?
:BriannahSB: Err… well, see… Kronos wanted to see me eat something quite large and… err… I was going to ‘ave Doxan pretend to be a volunteer to joke around a bit?
:BelsethSB: That’s a mean joke…
:BriannahSB: In retrospect, maybe a bit… but still, I was just going to eat a large melon or something. I’m pretty sure Doxan got something hidden in that cart of ‘is…
:BelsethSB: …now, why did he want to see you eat something that big?!
:BriannahSB: I… err… kind of told ‘im I ate someone once?
:BelsethSB: Wait, you… what did you tell him!? Did you tell him about what you did to lady Elera? Or what happened in that inn? Or the slaver incident? …you didn’t tell him about Ser Roberts, did you!?
:BriannahSB: Um… I did kind of tell ‘im about the slaved incident?
:KronosSB: Wait, what were all the other things you mentioned?
:BelsethSB: I… err… forget about those! Just pretend I never mentioned them! Just… I’m… err… let’s forget this discussion ever happen, that Doxan or whoever that is never mentioned anything of that and… let’s just forget it and… and… I’m leaving… the dinner is still happening but I’m… I’m leaving right now.
>>
No. 733304 ID: 8ec390

> That’s Doxan! It’s not… err…
No it's not! Doxan's head looks like a practice target that wore out a body or two already!

...Oh five have mercy, is he not kidding?!?

>Did you tell him about what you did to lady Elera?
Oh no.
>Or what happened in that inn?
Bri, Why?
>you didn’t tell him about Ser Roberts, did you!?
Bri for the love of all that is good you need to reign it the fuck in. This alliance is unpopular enough, could you imagine what people would do if word leaks out that an unworldly and naive but still well-liked prince is hitched to a perverted cannibal of questionable birthright?!? They'd tear down the fucking walls! Rebels would make me into a political symbol so fast damage control would be impossible! We have enough treason from within to deal with!

... you never did get your spiked tea, did you?
>>
No. 733306 ID: 4854ef

Just put your face in your hands and muddle on it, it just seems like when things are going okay something pops up to break your sanity a bit doesn't it.
>>
No. 733317 ID: c441c1

>>733279
Whats with the red marks around his neck?
>>
No. 733321 ID: 91ee5f

What're those symbols around that "servant's" neck?

>Bri ate more than that one slaver.
.....so, that's how you got your butt and hips to be so big! I guess it's true when they say, "A moment on the lips, forever on the hips."

Hey! I didn't pass out in fear when you told me that! I think that means I've finally been cured of my fear of Sakkilians!

But I still want to see Bri do this, just to make sure that you really can do it and it's not some elaborate plan all of you came up with in order to bullshit me.

>Maybe I can help?
And Bel, if you're still willing to help, feel free to join your sister in eating a melon. I'm pretty sure there might be two of them hidden in that cart.

You know what, this might be Kronos' only chance to tell him, so I say Kronos should tell Bel about what he saw Bel turning into earlier. Wether what Kronos saw was a stress induced hallucination or a vision of what's going to happen to Bel, he should at least tell Bel and give him some kind of warning!
>>
No. 733331 ID: 125c76

Is that really Doxan? Well, he probably isn't using his Runed eyelids... But what's up with his neck? Just make sure you aren't seeing things... And perhaps you are acting a bit paranoid about this, but being close to death in some many occasions with a small time lapse pretty much makes you that. Just to be sure: Pay no mind to those incredibly suspicious towels...

Also... Ask Briannah if all of that is a Fetish or something that we should know of. I think we should trust her in this matter...
>>
No. 733333 ID: 8ec390

>>733331
Definitely not Doxan. Doxan has larger frills on the back of his head, two chin spikes instead of three, no monobrow, and facial scars.

And there is no way in hell this is gonna happen in your room, if at all.
>>
No. 733368 ID: df6309

Something's not right with that servant, is that some kind of disguise magic on doxan or...
Also
Bri yall need the five.
>>
No. 733445 ID: 65a774
File 146758438651.png - (54.34KB , 686x526 , 49.png )
733445

>Just put your face in your hands and muddle on it, it just seems like when things are going okay something pops up to break your sanity a bit doesn't it.
The world truly hates you. This is the proof. It’s like all of existence exist to see you suffer and nothing else… like that there is some higher being focusing on just making your life miserable for their own sick enjoyment. Clearly, the world is against you.
>Hey! I didn't pass out in fear when you told me that! I think that means I've finally been cured of my fear of Sakkilians!
…you’re pretty sure it’s less the lack of fear but the lack of processing power to fully understand what you just heard. It’s impossible to really image Bri eating people whole, even as big as she is.
>Bri yall need the five.
Not even the five can save you from Bri!


>No it's not! Doxan's head looks like a practice target that wore out a body or two already!
:DoxanSB: Looks can be deceiving, sire.
>Whats with the red marks around his neck?
:DoxanSB: Ah, yah spotted that. I usually ‘ide those things better, but I ‘ad little time to prepare after yah sent me to spy on that priest, sire. They are indeed the runes that conjure the illusionary face I wear at the moment, as yah probably ‘ave guessed. Let me just remove it for yah.
>...Oh five have mercy, is he not kidding?!?
:DoxanSB: Well… um… the fair lady ‘as promised to “retire” me personally when I retire… but that’s not today.
:KronosSB: By the five, you weren’t kidding when you told me earlier, Bri?
:BriannahSB: Of course not.

>Bri for the love of all that is good you need to reign it the fuck in. This alliance is unpopular enough!
:BelsethSB: At least she isn’t going around eating Varkians… or the unwilling.
:KronosSB: Wait, they were willing?
:BriannahSB: Everyone expect the first, yeah.
:BelsethSB: We’re already known as cannibals, which is true, so it wouldn’t be too bad but... still, it’s not something you should speak about in decent company…or any company for that matter. We already have enough things going on breaking apart this alliance as it is… at least cannibalism isn’t the worse of it…
:KronosSB: Wait, what can be worse!?
:BelsethSB: Well… the thing the general and I met over was one. See, there were these two high ranking officers, one from the kingdom and one from the empire, who had become friends. The Varkian invited the Sakkilian to eat dinner with his family in their summer home and… well, apparently, they’d forgotten to remove some of the old furniture there… to be precis, the urn that was used for… personal disposal was the skull of a Sakkilian wrapped in its own leathery skin.
:KronosSB: Oh… um… that’s… kind of bad.
:BelsethSB: It’s gets better! Apparently, the tattoo on the leather proves that it was the officer’s mother’s skull which was used as a toilet!
:KronosSB: I… that’s… wow…
:BelsethSB: So… I have some work to do tonight… so goodbye, Kronos... I’ll… see you tomorrow at dinner?
:KronosSB: Dinner, yes… goodbye, Bel.

>Ask Briannah if all of that is a Fetish or something that we should know of.
:BriannahSB: I ‘ave to admit, it does strike my fancy in some way, but I rather prefer to just fuck people than eat them, eh? But some people, like Doxan ‘ere… it is an ‘onor to be eaten and ‘ave ye skills and knowledge passed on to someone yah like, sure, but there are some that doesn’t want to wait for death of natural causes before passing on their bodies. So, yes, there might exist a fetish in our culture about that, even if it is only present in an extremely small minority of us. After all, there’s like only one or two per generation that gets as big as me in the first place.
:KronosSB: So, when Bel said they were willing?
:BriannahSB: Only the first wasn’t… and that was an accident… and she was a slaver of children… selling them be fuel for necromancers…
:KronosSB: You already told me that… so, the others… they were Sakkilian who willingly ended their lives for some… some sick… sick sexual desire!?
:BriannahSB: The last two, yes. One ‘ad already lost everything and wanted to go out in a bang while the other was a rich noble lady who ‘ad already grown bored by all the other odd fantasies coin can buy. Both gave quite a lot of coin to me to do it, eh?
:KronosSB: And the second?
:BriannahSB: That was a Serpent who wanted to prove that the myth of Sakkilian eating people whole was true… which ‘e did, eh?
:KronosSB: …wait, he let you eat him to prove a theory!?
:BriannahSB: Not the first Serpent to give their life for science, heh… and ‘is two assistance was quite eager to take notes of the whole thing while ‘e narrated-
:KronosSB: Okay, stop it right there… this… this is just… just… you ate people for money!?
:BriannahSB: Is it really that different from putting people to the sword for money? At least these people wanted it, desired it… those that are targeted by mercenaries, soldiers and other paid with coin aren’t as willing, eh?
:KronosSB: It’s… I… that’s different and… I… I don’t know how to take all this… how to react… you… people… eating them… I… I don’t… it’s not supposed… it’s supposed to be impossible, just a bad dream… I can’t… no… it has to be some sick joke on your part!

>But I still want to see Bri do this, just to make sure that you really can do it and it's not some elaborate plan all of you came up with in order to bullshit me.
:BriannahSB: So, yah really want to watch me eat this melon? It’s… actually bigger than I expected, but it will still do.
:KronosSB: Look, that thing is bigger than your head! There’s no way you can eat it!
:BriannahSB: Yah’re also bigger than my ‘ead, and I’ve eaten bigger things than yah.
:KronosSB: That’s not… that’s definitely not a reassuring thing to say, Bri!
:BriannahSB: Sorry… but, watch and learn as I put this thing in my tummy!
>>
No. 733447 ID: 65a774
File 146758441982.gif - (109.88KB , 686x526 , 50.gif )
733447

I can’t believe I actually drew this…
>>
No. 733448 ID: 65a774
File 146758443654.gif - (89.52KB , 686x526 , 51.gif )
733448



…why boner, why?
Why have it betrayed you!?



…you’re very conflicted about current feelings.


…and you’re now completely convinced that the world itself have it in for you. What did you ever do to it!?
>>
No. 733514 ID: 796d20

This is how you die.

Not today, but one day.

And you'll ask for it.
>>
No. 733519 ID: 91ee5f

>…why boner, why?
>Why has it betrayed you!?
It's only a betrayal if it reacts to something you don't like! But look at it like this: You now know exactly how Doxan feels right about now! Besides, the REAL reason you like this is because you found out exactly how her butt and hips have gotten so damn firm! And they're going to be even firmer now!~~~

You're also developing a sudden urge to reach out and touch Bri's belly. Just to confirm that it's real and not because you're turned on or anything like that!

>…and you’re now completely convinced that the world itself have it in for you. What did you ever do to it!?
Well, you did brutally and repeatedly shove a shovel into it that one time you were playing as a pirate. Maybe that's the world's punishment for you?
>>
No. 733520 ID: 6abd99

"Briannah. I am more horrified and repulsed than I have ever been in my entire life. You are the stuff of my darkest nightmares made terrible reality. I am going to leave now. Do not follow me."
>>
No. 733521 ID: 47160d

Follow this, I mean... we just watched literally the stuff of our nightmares happen. we need to compute
>>
No. 733522 ID: b2d501

Make the largest, "Reptile-ate-my-egg" sound you can possibly squawk.
>>
No. 733528 ID: 7b7ab3

>>733520
Uhhhh yeah. This.
Shit, Kronos. You're hitched to a monster.
>>
No. 733533 ID: ca0cfb

This is the time in which you smack your senses back together, literally.

Now... The Fuck were you thinking?! Come on, gather your thoughts and consider every action you are going to take now. Thank briannah for the demostration, excuse yourself, and take some time alone to meditate on what you have witnessed... You aren't that broken yet, are you? Ask yourself: Are you really considering getting eaten alive to be your fetish or a possible nightmare fuel?

Also, don't be a dick towards Briannah, You were the one who asked to see this, you should have known the consequences
>>
No. 733534 ID: 8ec390

>so it wouldn’t be too bad
Not too bad?!? Imagine If Bri were a man and I wasn't, think of how completely fucked up that situation would look?
> Is it really that different from putting people to the sword for money?
One is a job and the other is mental sickness! Neither is okay!
>Why have it betrayed you!?
Premature angel lust and high heart rate and/or blood pressure associated with terror.

>>733528
Thirding wandering the halls like a man who has seen the dead walk and still hopes it is a dream. Contemplate allowing the Archbishop to go through with her plan so that all life will end, and such horrors will never again plague the surface of the planet.
>>
No. 733576 ID: 7aa8c3

Welp time to kill ourselves.
>>
No. 733584 ID: 60903a

"...I am not okay. I...have no means...of coping with this. Every single, solitary fear and bad dream I've ever had has leapt into graphic, visceral reality. I am actually experiencing premature angel lust. I am that scared. I need help. Help me."
>>
No. 733596 ID: 8ec390

>It’s… I… that’s different and… I… I don’t know how to take all this… how to react… you… people… eating them… I… I don’t… it’s not supposed…
Great speech check by the way you imbecile, are you really Kronos or did you change places with someone else? Anyway, it's killing for pleasure.

She's really far gone, isn't she? There's no going back when this sick shit is normal.
>>
No. 733600 ID: 327d44

>>733448
just stand their in silence
sweat more... or is it molt more. i think it's molt.
after an awkward silence reject everything you just saw in a fit of outright denial and never bring it up again, move straight on to the next topic.
say
"ok then, so you had a story you were planning on telling me?"
>>
No. 733601 ID: c43722

Squeeze your eye shut, clamp your beak closed and hold yourself still before you say or do anything you will regret. Turn mentally inward, take even breaths and try and pull together your swirling thoughts into some semblance of order. ...Okay, right now you need some time alone where you feel safe to calm down and think to mentally work through what you saw and are feeling. Your bedroom is the closest spot that'd work, so very rigidly say you need some time alone after all this to think, stride over to your bedroom, close the door behind you, lay on your bed and stare at the ceiling. And if on the way out Bri makes any comments about you popping a boner 'cause you liked what you saw, give her a Look that would cut stone.

With whatever you think, always keep in mind that Bri comes from a culture and society with much different beliefs about what consuming the flesh of others means, so that does slant her decisions. And while she also admitted eating another does strike her fancy, it did not sound like it was so strong that she actively looks to fulfill that desire. And that there's only been three intentional times she's eaten another, all with willing consent. And that those times were spread over at most about roughly the last two and a half years, so it's not a common occurrence. And now that she's here in Risavia she knows that she can't do it anyway, since the populace here definitely would not take kindly if they heard of it even if the devoured was willing, and probably a Sakkilian as well. And keep foremost in your mind that Briannah loves and cares for you wholly, and will never, ever eat you. You are safe with her.

>…why boner, why?
You definitely should NOT take your dick popping up as indication you have a fetish for Bri swallowing people whole, let alone you. Considering that your blood pressure has to be sky high right now that would account for at least half of that erection. And the other half could be that you just actually have a thing for seeing her swallow something as large as that, or a thing for the way it made her belly round out. You might just simply like seeing her stuffed like that, which would be a relief as it has a heck of lot fewer problems than the other possibility. So, does the thought of her swallowing a whole roast hog in one gulp do anything for you? Or the thought of snuggling up to her belly after she's had a huge meal like that and is purring contentedly? ...It would also make her rear bigger as well, though unfortunately along with the rest of her. Perhaps if you pushed her to exercise even more that'd counter it...

>>733514
No, it won't be. At least not while he's alive. If there's any possible situation where Kronos' body is consumed by Bri, it'll be after he's expired by natural causes and by his request his remains be handled in accordance with Sakkilian tradition out of respect for Briannah's beliefs.

>>733519
>Besides, the REAL reason you like this is because you found out exactly how her butt and hips have gotten so damn firm!
No, there is no way that eating people whole is how Bri got the figure she has. For one, there's only been four in total, one of which was that Vark slaver who Bri said was so nutritionally deficient that she felt like she was starving the whole time she was bedridden afterwards. For second, according to Bri's story of what happened with that Vark slaver it happened after what Krotos did to her, since she used her prosthetic hand to block her sword, so it's only been within the last three years that Bri has done this. And thirdly, Bri would have had to have already been as big as she is now to eat anybody whole, so eating people whole is now how she could have gotten that big.

>>733528
>You're hitched to a monster.
No, Bri's not a monster. A monster would have forced herself on them. A monster would have coerced them. She did not. She had knowing, willing consent from those that she ate. They knew what would happen and went willingly. ...But that said, even with their consent it still doesn't feel like it was wholly right. It still feels like Bri shouldn't have done it. That she could have tried to find help for the man who had nothing left instead of basically assisting his suicide. And that noble lady, she may have been suicidal as well, just using a different reasoning to end her life. And that she could have found a substitute for swallowing that Serpens that would have equally proven the myth, like a whole calf or a criminal condemned to death already. It may be that it was cultural differences that slanted her decisions, but it also feels like it might have been Bri's desires that influenced her choices. And the fact Bri took money for it doesn't sit well either, but if she did it for free then that might be worse 'cause it'd mean she didn't need incentive to do it. But in the end, taking a life just doesn't feel quite right, even if the one to die is the one who wishes it.

>>733596
>She's really far gone, isn't she? There's no going back when this sick shit is normal.
Except this "shit" isn't normal for Bri. There's only been four instances in total, one of which was unintentional. She doesn't actively seek out people who wish to be devoured. She doesn't try to find those who're suicidal who in their compromised mental state would agree to death by her gullet. And she definitely doesn't coerce or force people into it.

>>733520
>>733521
>>733528
>>733576
Don't say this, Kronos! If you do, it'll be like sticking a dagger in Bri's heart and you'll come to regret it.

Goddammit, this situation feels like when Kronos confronted Karas where a knot of first time suggesters drops in and made uninformed aggressive suggestions, except this time it'll seriously harm Kronos' relationship with Briannah instead of costing him an eye.
>>
No. 733615 ID: 47160d

I feel like it was more of a reaction to try to stop the vore fetish posts from occurring. An over reaction of course, bah I switch my vote to the above it's significantly better, particularly now that I have had sleep and coffee...
>>
No. 733671 ID: c43722

>>733615
Reading this makes me wish I had better conveyed my reasons for pushing for Kronos to witness Bri do this. I wanted him to get control of his fear of Sakkilians eating creatures whole so that Bri wouldn't have to feel she has to hide it from him if she gets a carnivorous urge to, say, eat a pig whole. Or if on their future hunting trip she runs down some game she can eat it in his sight without fear he'll freak out and climb to the top of a tree like a scared cat. It was supposed to be for the benefit of their relationship. So Bri didn't have to feel she had to hide those instincts and urges if they come up because they're a part of her. Instead it went to this vore fetish-y place and I'm regretting my part in getting it here, and that I wasn't clear on my reasons.
>>
No. 733680 ID: 8ec390

>>733671
Maybe we should request she not do such things in the first place, like Belseth asked his troops. There's a difference between negative reputation and seeing nightmares realized before your very eyes- as we've just confirmed- and we should be getting Bri to stop acting on sudden urges, too.

Silver lining though, we can use up one of those favors! NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!
>>
No. 733681 ID: 7b3f9f

"I am both terrified, and yet strangely aroused all at the same time. How exactly am I supposed to react to this? Help me, Briannah."
>>
No. 733848 ID: 398fe1

Tell her that was pretty cool but she should never do it in front of you again, for multiple reasons you will not go into.
>>
No. 734077 ID: 8b1912

>>733601
I'm going to agree with this one. I don't exactly want to ruin our relationship with Bri.
>>
No. 734082 ID: 77f422

>>733448

Well, seems everything that horrifies you also arrouses you. Keep your sanity by blaming Xuv.
>>
No. 734087 ID: b2d501

... I think choking the life out of her is now out of the question.

So now you're scared of her big fat mouth. Get started on finding ways to deal with this. Try wearing a hat made of funny spikes that seems menacing but is hilarious in practice because of how few people you can impale with it. (Answer: > Entire Adult Sakkilian population)

If that's too much, how about a gadget that lightly stabs (maybe just a few pokes) anything which gets too close to your face? And how do you keep yourself from forgetting this? Shape the base like a sphere and stick it in your eye socket!

Please don't try getting fatter, that will just make you tastier, plus Bri might get tempted to widen her ass. Duh.
>>
No. 734130 ID: 8ec390

>>734087
I say find an embalming tool or autopsy knife so you can pull a chestburster should god forsake you.
>>
No. 734284 ID: 4c106e

>>733601
This.
>>
No. 734293 ID: 182529

>...you’re very conflicted about current feelings

We may need to watch this again to resolve these conflicted feelings.
>>
No. 734327 ID: 77f422

>>733448

>>733520
Don't listen to this, you asked for it, even pushed Bri a little.
>>
No. 734513 ID: 65a774
File 146799875838.png - (18.33KB , 686x526 , 52.png )
734513

>Make the largest, "Reptile-ate-my-egg" sound you can possibly squawk.
:KronosSB: VARK!!!
>Thank briannah for the demonstration, excuse yourself, and take some time alone to meditate on what you have witnessed...
:KronosSB: I… I…err… I’m sorry, but I need some time to dige- to fully grasp what I just… and… what I just… um…
:BriannahSB: Kronos?
:KronosSB: I need a moment… alone… to breathe and… and think. I’ll be back as soon as I… I... I’ll be back.
:BriannahSB: Is everything-
:KronosSB: Just give me a moment, please…
:BriannahSB: …very well.


>Reject everything you just saw in a fit of outright denial and never bring it up again.
It’s too late! It’s already burned into your mind! …maybe a sea of alcohol will ensure you find the haze of forgetfulness… hopefully…
>You're also developing a sudden urge to reach out and touch Bri's belly. Just to confirm that it's real.
It… it became visible bigger, didn’t it? They’ve actually evolved to… to eat like that… it’s really true…
>Well, you did brutally and repeatedly shove a shovel into it that one time you were playing as a pirate. Maybe that's the world's punishment for you?
If that’s why, then I would truly pity the gravedigger, both defiling the soil as well as leaving the dead in it.
>This is how you die. Not today, but one day. And you'll ask for it.
…you’ll not give away your life for some… some desire you don’t wish to have.
>Contemplate allowing the Archbishop to go through with her plan so that all life will end, and such horrors will never again plague the surface of the planet.
Maybe you should just flee to one of the royal summer homes… lock yourself in and just live the life of a carefree prince as the end of the world approaches.
>Welp time to kill ourselves.
...or maybe you should just jump out of the window and end it right now? Hmm… tempting…
>Imagine If Bri were a man and I wasn't, think of how completely fucked up that situation would look?
…wait, what does gender have to do with anything?

>Briannah. I am more horrified and repulsed than I have ever been in my entire life.
>Shit, Kronos. You're hitched to a monster.
>She's really far gone, isn't she? There's no going back when this sick shit is normal.
You want to be horrified, you really do… you want to fear her, to scream and wake up from a nightmare but… something is wrong…
>Are you really considering getting eaten alive to be your fetish or a possible nightmare fuel?
>Well, seems everything that horrifies you also arrouses you.
It’s like someone removed your fears… your nightmares… and turned them into something… something… wait…
>>
No. 734514 ID: 65a774
File 146799877007.png - (31.33KB , 686x526 , 53.png )
734514

>Keep your sanity by blaming Xuv.
XUV!!! IT MUST HAVE BEEN HER! She said she removed your fear for Sakkilians, didn’t she!? And she is the self-proclaimed “Goddess of lust” isn’t she!? By the five, she made you lust for the things you feared! Even if she didn’t do it on purpose, her actions might have left her lust where the fear she removed once was! She’s the one to blame! She… she has to be… you can’t…
>Could be that you just actually have a thing for seeing her swallow something as large as that, or a thing for the way it made her belly round out.
…it’s possible… that with everything happening at once, your body was reacting to something else… or were just reacting odd on its own…

>keep foremost in your mind that Briannah loves and cares for you wholly, and will never, ever eat you. You are safe with her.
She does love you… at least, she says she does… and she act like she does… but does she really? Can you ever be sure?
>Maybe we should request she not do such things in the first place, like Belseth asked his troops.
For all you know, the only reason she might have done this in the first place was because you asked…
>With whatever you think, always keep in mind that Bri comes from a culture and society with much different beliefs about what consuming the flesh of others means, so that does slant her decisions.
We really are so different, even if our borders are so close.

>I say find an embalming tool or autopsy knife so you can pull a chestburster should god forsake you.
Having a knife on yourself at all times would be more dangerous to yourself than anything… especially as the time you’re most vulnerable would be when you’re stark naked… and would a knife even work? Would you even still be conscious when you… err… or would you actually have room to… you know what, let’s drop that thought and bury it where the sun doesn’t shine.
>it's not a common occurrence.
Four times in… what, two and a half year? That is not a lot, no… and it’s fully possible she hasn’t done something like this for a year and a half for all you know. Still, it’s not something… wait…

…if it was Xuv that turned your fear for Sakkilians to lust then… what does that mean about your feelings for Bri? …or Belseth? …are those her machinations as well!? Did she sneak those feelings into you? She did claim that they were the “dragons” she sought… has she been manipulating you into falling for them!? ARE ALL YOUR RELATIONSHIPS LIES!?

:SisahSB: You know, it’s hard protecting you if you leave without getting me first.
:KronosSB: It’s fine… Doxan was probably keeping an eye on me or something…
:SisahSB: He was… but that’s beside the point. Now, you look a bit down… how are you feeling?
:KronosSB: … … …I’m fine.
:SisahSB: That bottle you have next to you tell a different story. You’ve already emptied a third of it in… what, five minutes? That’s pretty strong stuff.
:KronosSB: Maybe I can-
:SisahSB: It doesn’t work that way, trust me. Now, stop trying to turn into your father and hand over that bottle, sir. Whatever just happen can’t be bad enough to throw your life away for.
>>
No. 734516 ID: 8b1912

>>734514
Give her the bottle, Kronos. She has a point.
>>
No. 734520 ID: fd229e

>>734514
Fork over the bottle and tell her your plight. You don't want to try and handle this solo.
>>
No. 734526 ID: 398fe1

>>734514
Ask her if she can tell if your mind has been altered by magic.
>>
No. 734528 ID: 8ec390

>…wait, what does gender have to do with anything?
Could you imagine if a popular and innocently naive princess were arraigned as a peace offering to a perverted, cannibalistic, deformed, foul-mouthed warlord (forgive my redundancy)? And had to do the same things you did, knowing the empire would be vulnerable to conquest should the marriage fail? The wedding would be a national tragedy. All you'd need is a knight in shining armor to slay the beast and you'd have yourself a fairytale.
>XUV!!! IT MUST HAVE BEEN HER!
You can ask in a minute or two.
>Having a knife on yourself at all times would be more dangerous to yourself than anything…
How's that? Just attach something small to the inside of your eyepatch with a bit of resin, even if you never get ate it's got to be useful for something. If you don't like that idea, Maybe brainstorm some excuses you can take to Tim for some more specialized equipment.

>Would you even still be conscious when you… err… or would you actually have room to…
...While acid corrodes your flesh as you asphyxiate, yes. I didn't say surviving that kind of thing would be pretty or even probable, but giving up is not an option.
Just give her the bottle- but, speaking of differences in culture, I'd choose somebody else if you want someone to confide in. Maybe someone who's culture has a concept of nuclear family or fidelity or sexual restraint or something like that. But if you want something to bitch about right now, tell her how you took so many falls and got caught sneaking around where you shouldn't have all those times because disciplinary hearings and hospital visits were the only times you'd ever see dear old dad. You'd doubt you'd even recognize him otherwise.
>>
No. 734596 ID: 91ee5f

She has a point, you're turning into your father. The drinking is how it starts. First it's "just one bottle". Then it'll be "just one more bottle" after already having 5 of them. Next thing you know, you're an alcoholic and you've put on an extra 100 lbs. from stress eating and then, if you're not careful, you'll end up the same size as Lady Bafford when she died! Slippery slopes, man. So you really should just give Sisah the bottle.

>Has she been manipulating you into falling for them!? ARE ALL YOUR RELATIONSHIPS LIES!?
I'm pretty sure you were falling for Bri before you even met Xuv. In fact, I'm sure when you first met her bringing her luggage into your room, you were falling for her. It's one of those "love at first sight things". Or in your case it's "love at the first sight of her glorious ass". ;3 I'm sure Xuv just gave you a shove in the right direction with Bri so that you could get to know her before your fear took control of you and made you run away or something like that.

Your relationship with Bel on the other hand, since you met him after you met Xuv, it's hard to tell if you really do have feelings for him or if it's just Xuv. But here's the bad news, if you tell him your feelings for him might not be real or something like that, he might just become so heartbroken that he'll willingly let himself be turned into a god and end the world because there's nothing left in the world for him!.....Maybe. I'm just going off how emotional you found him that one time he was drunk. It would be pretty easy for someone to manipulate him while he's a drunk emotional wreck.

>And would a knife even work?
Well, considering the fact that the last Varkian Bri ate STOPPED MOVING BEFORE SHE FINISHED SWALLOWING HER, that would mean that the Varkian was crushed to death in Bri's throat. I'd say that means having a knife with you would be completely pointless, seeing as you'd be crushed to death before you ever got a chance to use it. Luckily, you NEVER have to worry about that because Bri will NEVER eat you! But, maybe from now on, ask if Bri could just stick to eating small things whole, like apples or other things of similar size, and to never eat anything bigger than that. That way you won't freak out again.
>>
No. 734597 ID: bfa142

It's also possible that fear triggered a small adrenaline rush that got your heart pounding and because all you did was stand there instead of running your blood pressure went up and that lead to full mast.

Though if this is Xuv's fault it would explain all the lustful thoughts you've been having lately.

Anyway weep openly.
>>
No. 734908 ID: 65a774
File 146818271390.png - (36.78KB , 686x526 , 54.png )
734908

>It's also possible that fear triggered a small adrenaline rush that got your heart pounding and because all you did was stand there instead of running your blood pressure went up and that lead to full mast.
It’s starting to feel like you’re desperately grasping for straws trying to explain away what you just experienced, isn’t it?
>If this is Xuv's fault it would explain all the lustful thoughts you've been having lately.
While Bri might be a bit corruptive, it more probable that it’s Xuv’s presence that has made you more… more perverse?
>Weep openly.
There are no tears left to weep.
>Could you imagine if a popular and innocently naive princess were arraigned as a peace offering to a perverted, cannibalistic, deformed, foul-mouthed warlord.
Seeing as Sakkilian males are lot smaller than the females and Varkian females are about the same as the males… wouldn’t it be better? After all, Male or female, the difference is so small between Varkians anyway. This is starting to sound more and more like those humans, always going on how timid and fragile woman are, that they shouldn’t be soldiers or leaders and so on… geez, just because you claim human females aren’t as strong as male ones, doesn’t mean it ring true with all species! They don’t even recognize female monarchy over in Lorentia, those savages.

>I'm pretty sure you were falling for Bri before you even met Xuv. In fact, I'm sure when you first met her bringing her luggage into your room, you were falling for her. It's one of those "love at first sight things".
…you were a bit attracted to her before you met Xuv, weren’t you? …but still, even if there were some emotions between you, who knows what she might have done to encourage you.
>Your relationship with Bel on the other hand, since you met him after you met Xuv, it's hard to tell if you really do have feelings for him or if it's just Xuv.


>Give her the bottle, Kronos. She has a point.
:KronosSB: Fine, just take it… I’m not stopping you.
:SisahSB: Good.
:KronosSB: …when I said that you could take it, I didn’t mean to pour yourself a glass from it.
:SisahSB: Hey, I’m not going to say no to a free drink. Besides, the whole point was to stop you from drowning yourself, no? Don’t worry; I’ll make sure the content in this bottle will see a few more sunrises before it’s gone.
>Ask her if she can tell if your mind has been altered by magic.
:SisahSB: What, like some kind of illusion magic? …or do you think someone has been trying to alter your mind a bit? No, I can’t see any kind of magical residue on you at all, actually, so no need to worry.
:KronosSB: …wait, you can alter someone mind!?
:SisahSB: Kind of? I’m pretty sure you’re both smart enough and self-cautious to notice if someone tried, but it is possible. But enough about paranoia fantasies, why are you so down?

>Tell her your plight. You don't want to try and handle this solo.
:KronosSB: ...my wife eats people.
:SisahSB: She’s a Sakkilian, they all eat each other all the time.
:KronosSB: No… I mean, whole… and for coin…
:SisahSB: I can’t say why eating someone whole would be worse than tearing them apart first… and killing for coin is what all soldiers do, isn’t it? She is in the military, after all.
:KronosSB: …that’s not-
:SisahSB: Besides, thanks to the shaky alliance, all of them would think twice before eating someone… especially someone like her. Same goes for your Varkians, you guys aren’t saints either, you know. I’m sure there are a lot of sofas made out of the finest Sakkilian leather still out there, no?
:KronosSB: …but-
:SisahSB: Kronos, you do realize I’ve spent most of my life fighting in a war against them? If that experience has thought me anything, it’s that there are monster everywhere, be it in the Empire, this Kingdom or even in the isles. War really does bring the worse out of people, just as the peace we’re entering now brings the best out of us. Sometime you just need the past be the past and live in the present, as it’s the only way to reach a better future.
:KronosSB: …still, she… she-
:SisahSB: I’m sure she did a lot, but it still feel a bit hypocritical coming from you. Didn’t you sent two people to be tortured to death just a few days ago?
:KronosSB: …you mean- they tried to kill me!
:SisahSB: Which they deserved to hang for, not to get their eyes gouged out and force feed to them.
:KronosSB: They were only tortured so they would reveal-
:SisahSB: Oh, please, you know full well that the torture chamber is built for entertainment purposes. The first thing they do is to cut out their tongues so they won’t disturb the rest of the palace.
:KronosSB: …you know, you suck at cheering people up.
:SisahSB: …wait, I was supposed to cheer you up? I’m pretty sure that isn’t in my job description, is it?
>>
No. 734917 ID: 4854ef

While that whole..monster thing is a bit much, I think what you should mention is the fact you were for some reason 'turned on' by that whole display, and you are starting to feel freaked out by just how lustful you've become.
>>
No. 734938 ID: 398fe1

>Didn’t you sent two people to be tortured to death just a few days ago?
Whoa wait what??? Okay I think we might want to try to change how interrogation works in the castle. Make it productive instead of revenge-driven.
>>
No. 734956 ID: 91ee5f

Sisah's right though. If you leave out the "eating someone whole" thing, Bri isn't a monster. In fact, remember the nightmare she was having this morning? She's afraid that you're going to leave her. And how do you think Bri is feeling right now? After the way you reacted, she probably thinks you're going to leave her or something. You're making her nightmare a reality and you're practically ripping her heart out! She might even be crying right now. What you're doing to her is cutting deeper than any of her scars on her body. You need to go back in there to your wife and let her know that you're not going to leave her! You need to tell her that you still love her, damnit!

>>734938
Yes, interrogations need to actually get information and cutting out tounges doesn't help. In fact, we still don't know who hired those two because of a flawed interrogation system!
>>
No. 735023 ID: 68cd8f

Isn't there some sort of academic study done somewhere about how torture is absolutely useless at getting actionable intelligence? And some list of suggestions for better, useful methods and ways to implement them?


No, torture is only useful for revenge, entertainment on the part of those not actively being tortured, or if there is any value in getting people to say specific words that they don't actually mean them or feel or believe the words to be true, just to make the torture stop. Do you live in a culture where any of those things are... highly valued in any way?
>>
No. 735144 ID: 8ec390

> I’m pretty sure you’re both smart enough and self-cautious to notice if someone tried, but it is possible.
You've exhibited none of the traits you had in character creation the morning before you met Bri for a while now. By the way, nice job on all those complete sentences again, mr. speechcraft mastery.
>they all eat each other all the time.
Doesn't make it okay.
>just as the peace we’re entering now brings the best out of us.
Two assassination attempts and one frame job attempt in three days. One successful attempt on a military officer- that I know of. My only living brother in prison for crimes against the crown. My dad trying to drink himself to death now that he's offloaded his responsibilities onto my sister, who does her job with the resignation of someone who shovels shit for a living. The archbishop is making some form of power-grab and is going to use Belseth, the only person who hasn't kept secrets from me of his own volition in a long time, as a patsy to achieve it.

In a sentence; What the fuck are you even on about?

> …still, she… she-
Thinks it makes for a great prank, or the kind of story you'd tell for free beer? There's the harsh reality of war or national shame, and then there's total lack of politesse. Only did it in a wartime or combat setting once? I bought that excuse- before I knew it was true only a quarter of the time. Doesn't even acknowledge that it may have been wrong on a level other than causing digestive issues? I'm no saint, but I'm repentant when I'm wrong or I've wronged.
>Oh, please, you know full well that the torture chamber is built for entertainment purposes.
Oh, we did, did we? Is that fucking so? 'Cause I certainly would have liked to be informed of that.

>…wait, I was supposed to cheer you up?
Told you to confide in someone else.
>>
No. 735146 ID: 5b4b1e

>>735144
This.
Snake bitch needs to back the fuck off.
>>
No. 735148 ID: 7849e5

If we knew they were gonna have their tounges cut out before they could say anything, im sure we would have met up with them in person beforehand. We would have been more lenient in their deaths too. (Maybe an eye for an eye with one specific one if they had lived, but not much more past it.) I dont think we (neither the character, or tgchan) have the heart to torture someone to death if there was nothing to gain aside from some simple revenge.
>>
No. 735157 ID: c43722

>>735148
I wouldn't want to call for torturing anyone at any time. Not only does it never provide useful intel, it's also a despicable act and reflects very badly on Kronos. And also, whenever it was called for by any suggesters in this quest it's always turned out badly. Like when Kronos used the threat of torture against Karas' mooks that totally cut off any possibility of talking them into turning on Karas, completely negating Kronos' skill in speech craft in that encounter. And what makes it galling is that only a single suggester made the suggestion to threaten them with torture, and no other suggester countered it so it went through, which end up blocking any possibility of talking down the assassin in the next update.

>Maybe an eye for an eye with one specific one if they had lived...
You're thinking of the wrong assassins. Sisah is talking about the two amateur would-be assassins at the firing range all the way back in the first thread.

I also didn't think that Kronos was the one who called for those two traitors to be tortured way back then. Not after he expressed how "icky" the torture dungeon made him feel even when it wasn't in use. I just didn't think he'd be so cruel or vindictive and it was somebody else who called for the torture, like the Captain of the Guard. And especially not when not only was there lone suggester who called for torture, but that suggester was Kome, who's well known for making out-there suggestions. Frankly, I'm annoyed that by single suggestion Kronos now has the stain of being a torturer-by-proxy on his head and that it's part of his character.
>>
No. 735158 ID: 8ec390

>>735154
Oh, speaking of the first thread, Bri said they only eat the previously deceased as part of a religious rite! She outright lied to you about it then! And she called you 'princess' as a derogatory, so I don't know why you're on your soap box about humans being sexist either, even if sexism did stack up against cannibalism or sapient taxidermy!

She's lost the shame she felt about it too- remember, she gave you a favor after she licked blood off her hands as an apology?- making me think it was an act. I think the sleep-talking this morning was an act too; she was forming coherent sentences for a long time and shouted a safeword she learned the night before immediately after 'waking', meaning she was too coherent for someone being jostled awake, and showed no lingering fear or sadness from the 'dream'. This made you feel sympathetic enough to not want to leave her, letting her rope you into that 'big favor' three-ring circus.

Weather you love her or not, she treats a relationship like it's on a need-to-know basis, preformed a hostile takeover on your life, and has been a jerk to you and a lot of your friends and acquaintances. That's ignoring the fact that she likes eating people and may have masterminded framing Qelba.
>>
No. 735171 ID: c43722

>>735158
>Oh, speaking of the first thread, Bri said they only eat the previously deceased as part of a religious rite! She outright lied to you about it then!
She didn't mention the situation where the living give their lives up willingly to a Sakkilian to be eaten because it's such a rarity. The far more common situation is either when they eat parts of their own dead or their enemies on the battlefield. And do you really think Bri should have told the Vark prince who's known to have a phobia of Sakkilians who she just met that day, is arranged to be married to, and has to and wanted to foster a relationship with, that she had eaten people whole before? Because if she had, he would have literally ran for the hills, and she knew that.

>She's lost the shame she felt about it too- remember, she gave you a favor after she licked blood off her hands as an apology?- making me think it was an act.
She didn't lose her shame in it 'cause she didn't have shame in eating those four people whole. The first was a enemy; A Vark slaver. One who would have died to Bri's blade or tooth anyway. Two of them were Sakkilians, who's beliefs, and Bri's, make giving their lives to be eaten by her something of a honor, or at least not shameful. And the Serpens scientist knew what he was doing and gave his life willingly. What Bri did have shame in when she licked that blood and made her comment about how she keeps forgetting how delicious Varks taste is that she knew she shouldn't feel that way about how others taste. That she'd eaten enough Varks during the war, despite not being in any battles, to acquire a taste for their blood, but now that her people and the Varks are at peace she should lock that like away. But then she let it slip in front of not just a Vark, but Kronos, the prince with the Sakkilian phobia.

>I think the sleep-talking this morning was an act too; she was forming coherent sentences for a long time and shouted a safeword she learned the night before immediately after 'waking', meaning she was too coherent for someone being jostled awake, and showed no lingering fear or sadness from the 'dream'.
Bri knew the safeword 'banana' because she was the one who originally suggested it to Kronos, back on the night he presented his matrimony bracelet to her. (See >>/questarch/674389) It's most likely the safeword she uses all the time, which is why she blurted it out when Kronos tickled her awake.

>...preformed a hostile takeover on your life...
In what ways? By wanting to be by Kronos' side most of today?

>...and has been a jerk to you and a lot of your friends and acquaintances.
Really? The only one I'd consider she'd been anything of a jerk to is Cain, and I chalked that up to his personality and hers grinding against each other a bit, along with the fact he trounced her at Regicide. And besides Cain, the only other friend or acquaintance of Kronos she's met is Tim, and I don't remember her being a jerk to him.

>That's ignoring the fact that she likes eating people
She only said that some part of her does fancy it, and that she'd prefer fucking people to eating them. Now, we don't know if she's downplaying how much she likes it, but it might be more than she's letting on. Remember the first time Kronos met Belseth in private, he warned Kronos that Bri has a habit of referring to new people as food at times. (See >>/questarch/670811) And when Bri first met Elete, she referred to her as a "cute, tasty little girl," while licking her lips. (See >>/questarch/669178) So Bri may have more of a fetish for eating people than she lets on. However, given the political risk of word getting out if she does eat another willing person, she almost certainly will not go through with any desires to do so she may have. And besides, we don't even know how if she does have more of a desire than she lets on. That's something Kronos should ask her, after telling her with what Belseth told him, what happened when she met Elete, and also ask how she got that taste for Vark blood. And if need be, he can use a favor to get her to tell him everything about it.

>...may have masterminded framing Qelba.
...What are you talking about? We already know she framed Qelba for her "poisoning" as part of Kira's plan because she told Kronos. It was supposed to be a obviously inept frame job, given how anti-poison Qelba was, and only meant to embolden any anti-Sakkilian groups in the palace into pushing out where they could be caught, with Karas' in particular. Are you thinking she did it without the request of Kira, then said she had it? Because I don't see what benefit that would have for Bri. And I also don't see why Bri or the Empire would want to run a operation like that without the knowledge and consent of the all-but queen.
<