[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 651382)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 41314 unique user posts. View catalog

File 143547337506.png - (9.41KB , 531x500 , 8466748.png )
651382 No. 651382 ID: 15fae4

(( RENDAMEL

Thread 1 here - http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/646557.html ))
Expand all images
>>
No. 651383 ID: 15fae4
File 143547340124.png - (23.86KB , 888x572 , wake up ren.png )
651383

"Wake up, Ren..."
>>
No. 651384 ID: 15fae4
File 143547342265.png - (45.11KB , 894x480 , 54838638.png )
651384

"Ren, wake up."
>>
No. 651385 ID: 15fae4
File 143547347320.png - (109.01KB , 894x480 , 863685683.png )
651385

"We're here."

BEGIN CHAPTER 4: THESE WALLS
>>
No. 651386 ID: 15fae4
File 143547357969.png - (108.40KB , 894x480 , 976r78.png )
651386

Ren is roused from a restful sleep. The Journey passed without event, and they've arrived back to where it all began.

And... Well, it's over. Sebby heads back to the store, Alyona goes to make preparations for the next expedition, Asinias disappears to wherever he goes, and Rendamel and Wilfred once again find themselves amongst an unfamiliar city, with no immediate goal.

Ren supposes she could head straight to the mage guild.
>>
No. 651387 ID: e114bc

Go back to the book store first. Ask where the mystery book came from.
>>
No. 651396 ID: 15fae4
File 143547510701.png - (96.84KB , 894x480 , 8646896.png )
651396

>>651387

Ah, of course! Ren returns to the twisted mystic and presents the MYSTERIOUS BOOK to the owner, inquiring about where she got it, and what it is.

"I really wish you'd stop bringing that pig in here. That book... Uh... I don't know, actually. I just pick up whatever books are taken to me by travelling caravans and stuff in bulk, they're pre-sorted. It was in the beginner magic section, so, I don't know. Could be a mistake.

I really don't remember that one, though, to be honest. Beats me where I got it from."
>>
No. 651408 ID: a19cd5

"Well, I'm pretty sure it's some kind of evil dark magic. It refuses to leave my possession, vomits black energy everywhere whenever I look at it, and caused an abomination comprised of thousands of wizards amalgated into one being to spit me back out like a piece of uncooked vegetable. If this turns out to be some kind of elder god thingy I'm going to be very upset.
Otherwise though it's kinda bitchin' even if it's kinda useless."
>>
No. 651411 ID: e114bc

Dagnabbit. Might have to ask someone in the mage's guild then. Head there.

>>651408
While we do know the knowledge entity reacted to the book, Ren hasn't seen it do anything except come back after she threw it away.
>>
No. 651428 ID: 15fae4
File 143548069201.png - (73.89KB , 894x480 , 8764979.png )
651428

>>651408


Ren explains what the Book has done, and how she can feel weird power coming off it.
The shopkeeper is wide-eyed and seems a little confused, but just shrugs.

"I can't do nothin' for ya, kid. Sorry to hear that, but sounds like you got a curse on your hands. I'd recommend getting a Mage to get rid of it. Those things are bad news.

I'll have a talk to my suppliers about bad ware."

>>651411

Well, off to the Mage guild, then.
>>
No. 651430 ID: 15fae4
File 143548105316.png - (42.78KB , 894x480 , 899467979.png )
651430

>>651428

16 MINUTES OF CONFUSED STREET WANDERING LATER...
>>
No. 651432 ID: 15fae4
File 143548211802.png - (145.73KB , 894x480 , 4947949.png )
651432

>>651430

Ren steps into the stone hall of the Mage Guild. The crackling of power can be felt in the air itself. The many members all turn to greet her, waving and shouting. They've all learned what happened, apparently.

The Guild Head from earlier approaches. "Kobold! So good to see you again! We wondered when you would return.
What can we do for you? We owe a great debt to you."
>>
No. 651434 ID: e114bc

Lessons in magic theory please!

Also, what is with this book?
>>
No. 651436 ID: b27a55

Tips and lessons on how to do magic better. More spells, more spell types, more control, ect.
>>
No. 651437 ID: 261938

Ask for a wizard hat.
>>
No. 651512 ID: a19cd5

>>651432
Tell them about the cursed book
>>
No. 651587 ID: 15fae4
File 143556101778.png - (62.40KB , 894x480 , 3683568.png )
651587

>>651434
>>651436
>>651437
>>651512

Ren hands over the mysterious book and explains what's happened, and asks if they know anything about it.

Otherwise, she'd like some lessons in Magic.

But most importantly...
>>
No. 651588 ID: 15fae4
File 143556104256.gif - (240.51KB , 894x480 , WIZARD HAT.gif )
651588

[animated-ish]
>>
No. 651661 ID: ef583c

Ren is now a true wizardy Kobold. But now she must learn and also get rid of the cursed book maybe.

Unless out proves to be worthful

then keep it forever
>>
No. 651827 ID: a599c3

>>651588
Now you're a true wizard, congratulations Rendamel.
>>
No. 651831 ID: 15fae4
File 143564040288.png - (103.02KB , 892x486 , 37557357373.png )
651831

The head of the guild takes the book and says he will study it, and remove any present curses should they be found.

Meanwhile, Ren is free to do as she pleases within the Guild, within reason. She could go and consult with one of the many magic schools (FIRE, EARTH, WIND, WATER, LIFE, HOLY, DARK, NECROMANCY, CONJURATION, ETC.), visit the Mage Guild's armoury, libary, talk with the people around...

Or she could do something completely different. She's just doing what these suggestions tell her, after all.
>>
No. 651833 ID: 9297f4

Go learn healing magic. That's what we came here for.
>>
No. 651834 ID: e114bc

>>651831
Get some more Life magic under your belt. Investigate stuff other than healing in that school of magic.

Also check out Alteration and Transmutation if they have any beginner's spells there.
>>
No. 651841 ID: a19cd5

Life magic and necromancy seem like the best options.
>>
No. 651845 ID: 15fae4
File 143564296119.png - (128.07KB , 892x486 , 836645688.png )
651845

>>651841
>>651834
>>651833

Ren decides she'll check out the life magic school, first, then necromancy, and perhaps some others. She walks over to the appropriate room and looks inside.

Around the room are various things. From groups of mages talking, to some silently sitting on chairs and reading, smoking... Others are healing the sick and wounded on rows of beds. Close to the entrance are two mages, engaged in a tense card game. One of them notices Ren.
"Oh, hey! You're the Kobold that saved some of the guys, right? Welcome! What can we do for you?"
>>
No. 651854 ID: e114bc

Ask for some secret forbidden healing techniques.
>>
No. 651860 ID: 15fae4
File 143564631102.png - (85.36KB , 892x486 , 825382548.png )
651860

>>651854

Ren asks to be taught secret forbidden healing techniques.

The man chuckles. "No, we, uh, don't really have anything like that, that's more Necromancer business. But we can teach you some..." He trails off. He appears a little startled by Wilfred. "Oh, that's a pig. You just... Have a Pig. OK.
Uh, anyway, yeah, we can teach you regular, normal healing stuff, if you want."
>>
No. 651863 ID: e114bc

Oh alright sure.

Hey ask what Holy and Dark are like.
>>
No. 651871 ID: a599c3

>>651860
What kind of forbidden, powerful "normal healing stuff" spells might you have then?
>>
No. 651883 ID: 57d76a

Demonstrate your Summon Pig spell.
>>
No. 651887 ID: 57d76a

>>651883
Better yet, offer to teach them!
>>
No. 652073 ID: 9d4750

In what world does a wizard NOT know of the glorious Summon Pig!? Teach him right now!
>>
No. 652143 ID: 15fae4
File 143572467258.png - (116.61KB , 892x486 , 469494.png )
652143

>>651863

Ren asks the man what holy and dark magics are like.

"Uh, well, I don't study 'em, so I'm not really the guy to ask, but from what I understand, they're basically opposite sides of the same coin. Holiness is all about currying favour with whatever gods you believe and doing spells that hurt the undead, or remove curses, or bless people and things. Dark is all about summoning demons, cursing people, spreading disease... Don't let the menacing description fool you, though. We here at the Mage Guild only use our powers for good. And party tricks.
>>
No. 652144 ID: 15fae4
File 143572486743.png - (76.92KB , 892x486 , 846844.png )
652144

>>651871
>>651883
>>651887
>>652073

Ren nods and asks what regular, normal, ancient, forbidden powerful healing stuff they can teach her. Also, does he know a spell called summon pig?

"Uh, know. What is it?"

Oh, Ren will teach you! She orders Wilfred to leave and he scurries out of the room.
>>
No. 652145 ID: 15fae4
File 143572488817.png - (43.34KB , 892x486 , 865953.png )
652145

Ren summons her power...
>>
No. 652147 ID: 15fae4
File 143572509167.png - (52.36KB , 892x486 , 725472457.png )
652147

And casts!

WILFRED, C'MERE! Ren shouts.
Her magic works perfectly.

The main seems perplexed. "Ooookay. I'll keep that in mind. Anyway, if you wanna learn, the best way is experience. We got some wounded 'n' stuff, if you wanna try your hand. Even some Kobolds, I think."
>>
No. 652148 ID: b27a55

Practice your healing magic carefully, you wouldn't want to hurt anyone after all. That would make you a bad healer.
>>
No. 652180 ID: 15fae4
File 143573330362.png - (95.27KB , 892x486 , 74578458.png )
652180

>>652148

Ren asks to see the Kobold. She says she'll be careful. The man nods and leads her over to a bed in the corner.

Lying in it is a slumbering kobold boy, not much older than her, maybe 3.
"Poor kid, looks about your size. Ended up in here yesterday after falling out a tree with a rotten branch when he was climbing. Arm's broken in a couple places, nasty scrapes all over his body, big bump on his head. He's spent a lot of time asleep.

Oh, and, uh..."
>>
No. 652181 ID: 15fae4
File 143573333950.png - (77.21KB , 892x486 , 72757247.png )
652181

"He's got a bruise on his nose."
>>
No. 652182 ID: e114bc

>>652181
Oh god how awful. Heal the poor guy.
>>
No. 652186 ID: defceb

Punch the kobold
And by punch I mean punch with healing magic
Not your fist
>>
No. 652192 ID: 15fae4
File 143573441095.png - (82.20KB , 892x486 , 476974.png )
652192

>>652182
>>652186

Ren is nervous, but summons what she knows. Two balls of greenish energy appear in her hands. She... Thinks that's right? Maybe? To test, she gingerly applies them to some scrapes on the sole of the Kobold boy's foot. It... The... Flesh comes together! He flinches in pain, which makes Ren nervous, but the scrape is actually healing! REN'S HEALING SOMETHING!

With newfound confidence, she slowly draws her hands over the legs of the Kobold, upwards towards his body. Bruises and cuts fade away. Dried blood still mats the boy's fur, which is gross, but Ren isn't a cleaning mage. She's a healing wizard! Woo! This is fun!
>>
No. 652194 ID: e114bc

>>652192
Oh no this means you might have to touch his nose. How about you leave that for last. Ask his permission first.
>>
No. 652198 ID: 15fae4
File 143573569107.png - (96.32KB , 892x486 , 85368368.png )
652198

Ren is getting pretty good at this! It's working, YES! LIVE, KOBOLD! LIVE!

Ren pauses at the broken arm. She's... Not sure she's good enough for that. The mage nods and tells her to leave it, he'll deal with it in a while, she can watch.

That... Just leaves...
>>
No. 652199 ID: 15fae4
File 143573580205.png - (54.02KB , 892x486 , 5472358.png )
652199

>>652194

Ren pauses, her hand hovering over the boy's face. She tries to rouse him. Is it alright if I touch your nose? I need to heal you...

The man shakes his head. "He's out cold, just do it. I never got what was up with Kobolds and noses."
>>
No. 652200 ID: a19cd5

>>652199
"It's a sex thing."
>>
No. 652201 ID: bd8b82

close your eyes.
>>
No. 652202 ID: 15fae4
File 143573751708.png - (89.59KB , 892x486 , 94769469.png )
652202

>>652200

What's "sex"?

>>652201
>>
No. 652203 ID: 15fae4
File 143573753199.png - (83.37KB , 892x486 , 735738.png )
652203

>>652202
>>
No. 652206 ID: e114bc

>>652203
Ask how he feels. Aside from his arm, which is still broken.
>>
No. 652207 ID: defceb

Try not to develop a crush.
Develop a crush.
>>
No. 652222 ID: fcef45

No, don't crush him! You just healed him.
>>
No. 652225 ID: a599c3

>>652203
KISS HIM YOU FOOL
>>
No. 652446 ID: 15fae4
File 143580889167.png - (73.53KB , 892x487 , 836836968.png )
652446

>>652207

Wh-what?

>>652225

WH-WHAT? I-I-I...

>>652206

Ren calms herself. She's a professional mage. She can't get flustered like this. She tries to ask the boy how he's doing, how he feels, but the boy interrupts.

He asks if Ren was just touching his nose.

The Human snickers. "Should I leave you two lovebirds alone?"
>>
No. 652448 ID: e114bc

>>652446
Oh my god shut uuuuuup

No I wasn't look I was healing you okay I'm a wizard training healing magic it wasn't anything weird.
>>
No. 652458 ID: bd8b82

"would you prefer a broken nose?"
>>
No. 652461 ID: 15fae4
File 143581176143.png - (67.97KB , 892x487 , 47948949.png )
652461

>>652448
>>652458

Ren says she was just healing him. He fell from a tree and hurt his nose and stuff.

The boy sits up, groaning in pain as he moves his arm. He says that explains why his head hurts.

He asks Ren what his name is, and where he's from. Also, where are they.

Uh-oh.
>>
No. 652462 ID: a599c3

>>652446
Tell Human to stop bullying you.
Also you're a professional doctor, doctors have to touch... places like that sometimes.
Its strictly professional.
>>
No. 652464 ID: a599c3

>>652461
-4 innocence
>>
No. 652467 ID: ebcefd

Tell him you are Rendamel the healing wizard, and he is in the mages guild for healing since he was injured.
>>
No. 652490 ID: fcef45

Say that He is in the mages guild. As for who he is or from where is he from you really don't know.
>>
No. 652500 ID: e114bc

>>652461
Uh the mages can tell him where he was found, that should give an indication of maybe what kobold village he's from. Also shouldn't someone be healing that arm?
>>
No. 652518 ID: 15fae4
File 143582178281.png - (90.88KB , 892x487 , sew56263456.png )
652518

>>652467
>>652490
>>652500

Rendamel says that she is Rendamel, a mage in training. He's in the mage's guild.

Ren asks the man where he was found, and he shrugs. "I presume just in the forest. He was just wheeled in on a cart by some merchants and dumped here, in pretty bad shape." The man also sets to work knitting his arm back together. He must be using a painkilling spell or something, because the Kobold boy doesn't even notice.

The Kobold boy says he needs to find his home. He asks if Ren can help him.
>>
No. 652556 ID: f64bb0

Sure, why not. Ask him about his home.
>>
No. 652566 ID: e114bc

>>652518
What was that about the rotten tree limb, then?
>>
No. 652717 ID: b27a55

Accept the quest.
>>
No. 652722 ID: 15fae4
File 143589764759.png - (58.51KB , 892x487 , 3658368.png )
652722

>>652556
>>652566
>>652717

Ren says she'll help. She asks the boy if he remembers anything, and the mage if the merchants said anything when they came by.

The Mage shrugs. "Just the stuff about him falling out a tree and needing help. I dunno anything else about him. Maybe they knew him better."

The boy says he doesn't remember anything about merchants or a cart. He tries to think about his home... He says there were... Kobolds there. And trees. And stuff...
>>
No. 652723 ID: 742b4a

>>652722
Well we know he was in the forest. Let's go ask the merchants if they can narrow the search a bit by telling us which forest, and where in it. I presume near a road, but how far in?
>>
No. 652745 ID: 15fae4
File 143590581547.png - (52.25KB , 892x487 , 38685684.png )
652745

>>652723

ren asks the man if he knows where the merchants are, since they'll probably know more. the mage shrugs. "I stay here basically all the time. The Merchants are probably gone from town, by now. You'll have a hell of a time finding them, they're a really nomadic bunch. They don't stay in one place for long. They do their buying and selling, then run off to get more stuff wherever they can, and then go to another town for more buying and selling." He waves his arm in the air and conjures a map. Woah, that's cool. "If you're looking for the kid's home, you'll wanna check in the forest to the northeast. There's a bunch of Kobold tribes and stuff scattered around."

The boy wonders why Ren wants to help him, since she's learning to become a mage and that would be easiest just staying in the guild. He says he can hurt himself more if Ren wants to heal him, though.
>>
No. 652747 ID: 742b4a

...that's a good point, we just got here. Maybe we can just stay here a while longer. Doing a good deed for amnesiabold can wait.

Ask if there are any more patients to heal. You wouldn't ask anyone to injure themselves just for life magic training. We can train other magic, you know. Fire magic is easy, just chuck fireballs in a target range.

Or we could go to the Conjuration college and learn Summon Pig for real.
>>
No. 652911 ID: 15fae4
File 143597874249.png - (73.69KB , 892x487 , 3846845.png )
652911

>>652747

Ren says she wants to help him, but maybe he's right. There are others to heal and more to learn. She approaches the nearest patient with gusto.

It's a Dwarf, very fat, even by Dwarf standards. The bed looks like it's liable to break beneath his weight. He's missing a leg, although that appears to be a very old injury, his beard is singed, he's got many bruises across the right off his body, and a black eye which is forced shut.

The Dwarf cracks open his one remaining eye and regards Rendamel with a look of disdain.

"Oh no, a horrid little Kobold.

You'd better not bite me, you ugly cunt."

>>
No. 652913 ID: 742b4a

>>652911
Tell him to apologize or you're not gonna heal him.
>>
No. 652914 ID: c22069

wow, rude. but a healers job is to help people even if they might be jerks.

Anyways actions speak louder then words, you earn his trust by fixing his most grievous injury first. You gotta Heal his glorious dwarven beard!
>>
No. 653110 ID: 15fae4
File 143607060679.png - (108.44KB , 892x487 , 84789489789.png )
653110

>>652913
>>652914

Rendamel considers asking him to apologize, but decides to be the bigger Kobold. She sets to work doing what she can, to which the Dwarf remains silent.

The Kobold boy seems confused by this. He asks why Ren is helping the Dorf if he was rude to him. The boy says he wants to bite the Dorf.
>>
No. 653111 ID: 742b4a

Well if he does, you'll get to practice more healing. He'll probably get kicked out for it though. Up to him!
>>
No. 653152 ID: 57d76a

>>653110
Tell him it's a healer's duty to heal anyone who is injured. Do not acknowledge the dorf.
>>
No. 653157 ID: 15fae4
File 143608558460.png - (120.38KB , 892x487 , 497945979.png )
653157

>>653111
>>653152

ren warns him he might be kicked out and ren might no able to help him. as a healer, it's her duty to help out the injured, even if they might be rude.

Ren decides to try something experimental, and casts a minor cosmetics spell on the Dwarf's beard - the singed hairs begin to come back to life, orange and greasy. The Dwarf seems a little surprised by this. He sits up, looking Ren in the eye.

"Well, you're certainly well trained. Apologies for what I said earlier. Had a lot of Kobolds thievin' my fort in the past. But you're a good one, these mages have trained you good."
>>
No. 653163 ID: 57d76a

>>653157
...okay, you can acknowledge him now.
>>
No. 653170 ID: 742b4a

Not really, they apparently think training involves just doing magic.
>>
No. 653351 ID: 15fae4
File 143616612778.png - (98.65KB , 924x485 , 8348368.png )
653351

>>653163
>>653170

ren acknowledges the dwarf and says she hasn't been trained yet, really, she just-

The Dwarf interrupts her, reaching into his pocket and planting something in Ren's hand. "You ever come down to Rockmurdered, just show this to the guards. They'll let you in."
>>
No. 653352 ID: 15fae4
File 143616615382.png - (59.62KB , 924x485 , 25728.png )
653352

The Kobold Boy appears to be walking away. He says that while he'd love to help jerk dorfs all day and not make any shinies from it, he has to find his home and name. ren can come with him or not.
>>
No. 653410 ID: eac8be

We did agree to help him and I am curious about his past. Lets go.
>>
No. 653598 ID: a599c3

>>653352
Well, we probably could let him come along, and it'd be sad to leave someone who has no idea what's going on alone.
Why the hell not? Welcome aboard... thats right he needs a name.
>>
No. 653604 ID: e114bc

>>653352
...didn't he like, just say that maybe we should stay here for a while longer?

At least ask the mage how to cast spells of other types. Do we just sortof think of the kind of spell we want, and it'll happen?

Try telekinesis on something. And try making yourself faster. Or see if you can FLY!
>>
No. 653617 ID: 15fae4
File 143624709482.png - (80.45KB , 1060x480 , 479479.png )
653617

>>653410
>>653598
>>653604

ren wants to learn more, and she barely just got here, but she can't leave him all alone. she offers to the boy to come with her. they can search for magic and his past together.

the boy smiles and says yes.

REN HAS GAINED COMPANION: ???
>>
No. 653618 ID: 15fae4
File 143624718267.png - (73.29KB , 1060x480 , 357357.png )
653618

>>653617

GIVE ??? A NICKNAME?
>>
No. 653619 ID: cdec48

>>653618
Roger
>>
No. 653620 ID: defceb

Kon
>>
No. 653627 ID: 99cfa8

>>653617
BEEF♂etc.!
>>
No. 653637 ID: 15fae4
File 143625349764.png - (73.54KB , 1060x480 , 368356.png )
653637

>>653620

Ren decides that she'll call the boy KON for now. In her tribe's language, it means "The Lost".

The boy says he likes it.
>>
No. 653643 ID: defceb

Can he wizard too? If so get him a slightly smaller, bent wizard hat.

If not get him a suit of little kobold armor and he can be your warrior ally.
>>
No. 653644 ID: 15fae4
File 143625402715.png - (64.57KB , 1060x480 , 83838368.png )
653644

Ren says she'll help out the boy all she can. But first, she turns to the mage guild's wizards, announcing dramatically.

She needs to learn everything there is to know about magic.
>>
No. 653645 ID: 15fae4
File 143625405887.png - (114.60KB , 1060x480 , 057805670.png )
653645

MANY HOURS OF LISTENING, CASTING, READING, ETC. ETC. LATER...
>>
No. 653648 ID: 15fae4
File 143625466639.png - (94.66KB , 1060x480 , 5778468.png )
653648

Ren doesn't want to get ahead of herself.

But she is pretty sure she knows everything there is to know about magic.
>>
No. 653650 ID: defceb

Flex your magic muscles.
>>
No. 653653 ID: 15fae4
File 143625528346.png - (65.37KB , 1060x480 , 356838.png )
653653

>>653650

Ren begins casting a spectacular spell to show off, but is stopped by a tired-looking apprentice.
"Look, kid, are you done making a mess and using all our stuff without spending any money?"

b-but the guildmaster said i was free to-

"Look, kid, we're thankful for what you did an all, but that was probably a joke, just a gesture for saving him. He didn't actually expect you to want to do anything."
>>
No. 653661 ID: a19cd5

Draw a dick on him
>>
No. 653662 ID: a19cd5

>>653661
really tho bow out and help the kid find his past I GUESS
>>
No. 653663 ID: 3c06ed

"dude, that's not cool at all"
>>
No. 653696 ID: 234cfc

Do we still have enough innocence? If so, start crying saying that it wasn't your intention to be abusive, and you didn't wanted to be mean.
>>
No. 653700 ID: bd8b82

let's ask the guildmaster.
>>
No. 653779 ID: 15fae4
File 143631055711.png - (70.94KB , 890x452 , 735685684967.png )
653779

>>653696
>>653700
>>653663

rendamel suddenly finds herself crying. she didn't mean to make a mess and didn't want to be mean she's sorry!!!!!

The man is a little off-put by this, it seems. He fumbles around his pockets, stammering. "Oh, geez, kid, c'mon, I didn't mean it... Kid, please, just... I have some money, OK? Sorry. Please. Just take the money and go."
>>
No. 653782 ID: defceb

Take money, continue crying on your way out, maybe say something that will make the wizard feel even more guilty.

Then go find the guildmaster.
>>
No. 653787 ID: 15fae4
File 143631381930.png - (63.14KB , 890x452 , 58368658.png )
653787

>>653782

ren nods she'll take the money, and the man hands over a SMALL SACK OF AROUND 30 GOLD COINS. he begins gently pushing out the two kobolds from the guild. ren says she has to talk to the guildm-

They are already outside. The doors are slammed shut loudly behind them.
Kon asks Ren if she's OK.
>>
No. 653795 ID: e114bc

>>653787
No. Someday you'll come back and show them how good a wizard you are. Then he'll regret kicking you out.

You'll show them all.
>>
No. 653806 ID: e114bc

Wait what about the mystery book? Did they figure out what it does?
>>
No. 653807 ID: ebcefd

>>653795
Yes, we will become the best wizard, and then he will want to join our guild, and then we will let him and he will feel really guilty about before!
>>
No. 653825 ID: bbfc3d
File 143632114992.png - (76.46KB , 819x460 , yttruuru.png )
653825

>>653795
>>653807

Ren says one day she'll come back. She'll come back and show them how good a Wizard she is. And they'll feel bad and let her back in.

Hey, wait a minute...
>>
No. 653826 ID: bbfc3d
File 143632117942.png - (70.18KB , 819x460 , yrewyewry.png )
653826

>>653806

THEY STILL HAVE THE BOOK!
>>
No. 653827 ID: bbfc3d
File 143632120608.png - (70.00KB , 819x460 , 73574.png )
653827

...

...

...

...

Kon says they could break in and steal it.
>>
No. 653832 ID: e114bc

Well try knocking on the door first and asking for it back. And to tell you what they figured out from looking at it.
>>
No. 653858 ID: ebcefd

>break in and steal it.
Do we even need to? So far it has been pretty stubborn about finding its way back to us. Check again to see if we have it with us.
>>
No. 653879 ID: a599c3

>>653827
Check your inventory, i thought that book was cursed?
But then how did it get in your position in the first place if the shopkeeper had it first?
Maybe it binds itself to the inventory of the last person that touched it?
>>
No. 653924 ID: 15fae4
File 143635735265.png - (100.32KB , 890x452 , 57348.png )
653924

>>653832
>>653858
>>653879

ren checks her inventory. the book is not present, but ren is carrying HOMEMADE BLADE, BANDIT'S CROSSBOW, KOBOLD KIBBLE, MYSTERIOUS BOOK, HEALING 101, POTION OF INVISIBILITY, MAGIC IN THE NAME OF THE LORD, and 54 COINS.

she decides to be polite first and knock on the door. unfortunately, no one is answering, and it appears to be locked. if the guildmaster isn't actually mad at ren and it's just the one guy, which ren very much suspects, then he probably won't be very happy to let her in.
>>
No. 653925 ID: 15fae4
File 143635744790.png - (72.35KB , 890x452 , 348338969.png )
653925

Kon devices that the Guildmaster is the biggest and most important person in the guild, and would logically be staying in the biggest and most important part of the building, the big tower.

Kon begins devising an intricate and complicated plan involving taking the crossbow and with some clever kobold engineering creating a grappling hook, so as to rappel up there, while ren...

also, ren could try some of her new spells and stuff.
>>
No. 653943 ID: eac8be

Consult the MYSTERIOUS BOOK; maybe it has a spell that will help get back the MYSTERIOUS BOOK.
>>
No. 653947 ID: 15fae4
File 143636754251.png - (33.06KB , 890x452 , 8684.png )
653947

>>653943

that's GENIUS! ren can just consult the-
Wait a minute..
>>
No. 653965 ID: f2d0ba

...What? He had to try, right?
>>
No. 653967 ID: e114bc

>>653947
Why don't you try one of your spells to fly up there.
>>
No. 653983 ID: eac8be

Well we did just see the MYSTERIOUS BOOK in our inventory, right between our KOBOLD KIBBLE and our HEALING 101.

How do patients get in? We could get Kon to say he isn't feeling well, then once he is inside deliver a message for us to someone who isn't that one jerk.
>>
No. 653985 ID: 99cfa8

The book returns to your inventory when you discard it, right? It's not returning now because you're still trying to get it. So if we just leave it there it'll come back.
>>
No. 654065 ID: 15fae4
File 143640083263.png - (102.97KB , 890x452 , 7257282.png )
654065

>>653983

ren has a big list of all her stuff she doesn't keep track of it good, sorry

>>653967

Ren could make use of her new spells she's learned, such as TELEPORT or LEVITATE, which she's a little rusty at. Or... Kon could fake an injury and get inside, then try and make his way through to find the book.

The choice is yours.

Or you could do something completely different! Life doesn't work on a two-option system.
>>
No. 654071 ID: e114bc

>>654065
I kindof like the grappling hook idea Kon had, as we do have rope, and could tie it to a bolt to shoot it. However let's put some magic into that plan. Magic the bolt so it sticks to whatever it hits, and cast levitate or something on the bolt&rope so that it's extra light and can fly farther.
>>
No. 654399 ID: 15fae4
File 143648697269.png - (58.91KB , 888x490 , 84848545.png )
654399

>>654071

ren says she likes the grappling hook idea, and she could try out a few enchantments and conjuration spells and stuff. but she doesn't have any rope.

Kon interrupts. He says he has some rope right here, and begins drawing a length of thin rope from a pack. he says you should always have rope with you. it has a bunch of uses!
>>
No. 654420 ID: e114bc

Oh, did Ren's rope get used up when rescuing the mages from the ruins or whatever?

But yeah try out some magic on it.
>>
No. 654429 ID: ebcefd

Oh good, we had run low on precious ROPE after that ruins thing.

Try levitating one end of the rope, or tying something to it then levitating that thing.
>>
No. 654962 ID: 15fae4
File 143662149398.png - (65.49KB , 1021x466 , 7345838568.png )
654962

>>654420
>>654429

[Ren is not dead! I've been slipping lately, I know, but I refuse to let the adventure end.]

Ren brings together the rope and the crossbow and puts together a few simple enchantments. Kon is giggling excitedly, he gets to make a grappling hook without doing any hard work.

Now, Ren's a beginner at this, but, if it all works, it should behave exactly like a good grappling hook, where Kon shoots it where he wants to be, and it begins dragging him towards where he shot it. Only one way to find out.

Kon takes aim, and...
>>
No. 654967 ID: 15fae4
File 143662285898.gif - (284.66KB , 1021x466 , 6727275.gif )
654967

FIRE!

[animated-ish]
>>
No. 654990 ID: f72ea1

Is Kon ok? Did he arrived to the tower? Please, tell me he didn't broke his arm again...
>>
No. 655003 ID: ebcefd

Climb over on the rope then walk around like everything is normal (instead of sneaking). If anyone asks, say you forgot to collect the MYSTERIOUS BOOK before heading out.
>>
No. 655206 ID: c8770e

>>654967
Well now he's gonna get another concussion at this rate
>>
No. 655249 ID: 15fae4
File 143668200226.png - (105.47KB , 958x430 , 5956806.png )
655249

At the top of the tower, the Guildmaster and an apprentice study the MYSTERIOUS BOOK, baffled. "It just doesn't make any sense. The magic is there, but it's not manifesting itself into anything like a curse or enchantment, it's just laying dorman-"

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

WHUMP

>>
No. 655255 ID: e114bc

>>655249
Hi sorry, I'm Ren's friend, some mage downstairs got pissed and kicked her out!
>>
No. 655426 ID: ebcefd

Hi, Ren sent me to pick up the book before she heads out for a bit.
>>
No. 655445 ID: c8770e

>>655249
Kon: Grab book while in mid air and fly out through other window into a pile of hay.
>>
No. 655610 ID: 15fae4
File 143678125198.png - (65.34KB , 1078x488 , 683883.png )
655610

>>655255
>>655426
>>655445

Kon manages to grab the book in mid air, awesomely, but unfortunately he is not able to make an equally dynamic exit. He slams straight into a mage who helpfully breaks his momentum with his soft robes.

hi. ren sent me!

"...You don't say."
>>
No. 655611 ID: 15fae4
File 143678194322.png - (51.42KB , 1078x488 , 73767674764.png )
655611

>>655003

Meanwhile, Ren is shimmying up the rope, completely natural. No sneaking here.
>>
No. 655612 ID: defceb

Kon, Ren, ask if they learned anything about your book.

Then, while they're talking about it like huge NERDS, do a triple backflip out the window and land in a pile of hay.
>>
No. 655613 ID: 15fae4
File 143678198299.png - (107.18KB , 1078x488 , 7252727.png )
655613

ren is here!

hi ren, i got the book!

hi!

"...Hi."
>>
No. 655620 ID: 15fae4
File 143678246411.png - (90.47KB , 1078x488 , 38282383.png )
655620

>>655612

Ren asks if they managed to learn anything about the book.
"Ah, yes, it's intriguing. It appears to be a conduit for some very powerful magic, but it's not releasing it. We've deduced it needs a trigger of some kind, something that will allow it to use the power inside - but what that is, we just don't know."

Kon is already plotting his escape route.
>>
No. 655621 ID: 15fae4
File 143678265687.png - (139.69KB , 1078x488 , 858499.png )
655621

yeah. kon can totally make this jump.
>>
No. 655622 ID: defceb

Say the book is probably triggered by being really awesome.

Then cast the triple backflip into a pile of hay spell. Maybe pose while you fall too.
>>
No. 655625 ID: 15fae4
File 143678382297.png - (68.99KB , 1078x488 , 3693693.png )
655625

"So yes, with further analysis, we didn't glean much else, just-"

"Oh my god, that Kobold just committed suicide."
>>
No. 655626 ID: 15fae4
File 143678398255.png - (50.34KB , 1078x488 , 086060.png )
655626

>>655622

Kon attempts to maneuver himself in the air, but this is really hard. But if he sticks the dive, he can make up for it.
>>
No. 655627 ID: 15fae4
File 143678439024.png - (169.44KB , 1078x488 , 858499.png )
655627

>>
No. 655628 ID: 15fae4
File 143678449138.png - (146.47KB , 1078x488 , 858499.png )
655628

ah

ah

AH

THIS REALLY HURTS

WHY DID NO ONE WARN KON HAY IS THIS SPIKY

>>
No. 655629 ID: defceb

Kon: gain xp for awesome stunts and gain one level in dashing rogue.


Rendamel: continue conversation like nothing happened.
>>
No. 655630 ID: 99cfa8

The book is triggered by attaching a physical trigger to it, and then pulling said trigger.

True facts.
>>
No. 655640 ID: bd8b82

read the book, it probably will tell you how to activate it.
>>
No. 655652 ID: 0f4536

Ren: He will be fine. He seems like he knows what he is doing.

Kon: Ow why did I do that.
>>
No. 655689 ID: e114bc

>>655628
Time for healing practice! Also, levitation practice.

Ren: tell the mages you're gonna take a break from your studies, but also ask the guildmaster if it's true she has permission to use all their stuff for free. Some jerk downstairs said it was a joke and kicked her out. (don't mention the money)
>>
No. 656226 ID: 15fae4
File 143703160181.png - (55.70KB , 819x460 , 1.png )
656226

[STILL NOT DEAD!]

>>655629
>>655630
>>655652
>>655689

kon questions why he did that, but decides it has gained him valuable experience. and obviously made him more attractive to girls.

Ren and the Guildmaster make their way down to the writhing Kobold to help him out. Along the way, Ren questions whether or not she's allowed in the Guild. Someone seemed mad at her.

The Guildmaster rather sheepishly explains. "Well, the thing is, you are allowed free reign, but, um, neither I nor the guild were expecting you to get so... Hands-on. You've made quite a mess. We still owe you of course, and it pains me to say this, but... Perhaps it would be best if you stayed out of the Guild's way. For a while."
>>
No. 656231 ID: e114bc

>>656226
Okay. You understand, you messed up. Um, how long until you can come back? Of course, when you come back you'll behave better.
>>
No. 656265 ID: 0f4536

Ok, so we will go out helping Kon and getting more WIZARDING EXPERIENCE and then come back later?
>>
No. 656271 ID: c8770e

>>656265
sounds neat, lets go do adventure stuff
>>
No. 656685 ID: 15fae4
File 143721518036.png - (95.59KB , 1055x520 , 836373.png )
656685

>>656231
>>656265
>>656271

Ren says she understands. She'll go out and help Kon and get more wizarding experience and come back when she's allowed. Whenever that is!

As she heals Kon, they consider where to head for information. There's a few places they could go.
>>
No. 656686 ID: 15fae4
File 143721535441.png - (24.60KB , 1055x520 , 747979694.png )
656686

>>656685

They could search further around the city they're in! Or, go alongside the Ocean, where port towns and tribes of Aquatic creatures roam. They could head to the Dragon's lair, nearby, as Dragons are said to be as wise as they are dangerous, and Dragons are certainly dangerous! Or, into the deepwoods, where ancient and evil creatures dwell. If they wanted to go there for some reason. Maybe it's better than it sounds.

Or they could head back to Ren's tribe! Some of the Kobolds there might know Kon! Likewise with the other tribes dotted around.

Or they could head to the Dorf fortress, Rockmurdered, or the Elf hideaway. With what little they know about Kon, each is equally promising.
>>
No. 656687 ID: 15fae4
File 143721541538.png - (81.08KB , 1055x520 , thingken.png )
656687

The question is...

Where should they head?
>>
No. 656697 ID: 552c09

I say we head to home. Maybe the Elders know him.

If not, let's look for other kobold friends that will help in the search of his home!

How is the relation with the goblins?
>>
No. 656705 ID: 227a05

The kobold places seem like the best bet, what with that being where all the kobolds tend to live.
>>
No. 656722 ID: c8770e

>>656687
Our tribe seems like the least suicidal option, lets head there first.
>>
No. 657079 ID: 15fae4
File 143738569259.png - (741.92KB , 893x478 , 5622575724.png )
657079

>>656697
>>656705
>>656722

[Hey, everyone! Author here. Sorry for the lack of updates over the past 2 weeks or so, things have been weird. Hopefully I'll be able to get back to a decent schedule! Enjoy the next panel/intermission thingy.]

Ren and Kon decide the Kobold tribes are the best bet, and hit the road.

END CHAPTER 4: THESE WALLS
>>
No. 657456 ID: 15fae4
File 143754198094.png - (155.01KB , 988x488 , 6464646.png )
657456

Some time later...

Ren and Kon have made their way down to the village. Yep.
This is home, where Ren grew up. Kon says he doesn't recognize it, but it smells nice. Ren has never noticed a smell.

Yvirell is fishing down by the river as usual, and all around Ren's fellow tribespeople are smiling, laughing, going about their days, and staring at Ren's weird outfit and whoever this stranger is.

Ren supposes they could head straight to the Elder for info.
>>
No. 657457 ID: a599c3

>>657456
Might as well, perhaps we should also say hi to a few people we know and tell them how we're doing and such, that's always nice.
>>
No. 657458 ID: e114bc

>>657456
Show off your magic to Yvirell by sitting down and using telekinesis to yank fish out of the water.
>>
No. 657460 ID: 15fae4
File 143754389017.png - (119.04KB , 988x488 , 5875785678.png )
657460

>>657457

Ren figures she may as well go talk to some people! It's been a while since she's had proper time with anyone, after all.

Ren stops down by the Docks. There, her big brother Visrakum and Yvirell are engaging in some antics. Oh, those two. Ren definitely thinks that if they had a quest of their own it'd be worth following.

Well, she would if she had any conscious idea what that was.

Yvirell waves, but doesn't break focus from his fishing. Visrakum says he likes your hat, and asks who your new friend is.
>>
No. 657462 ID: e114bc

Say he's a kobold you're helping find his tribe.
>>
No. 657463 ID: 15fae4
File 143754602608.png - (101.87KB , 988x488 , 6785.png )
657463

>>657462

Ren says this is Kon, a Kobold who lost his memories and she's helping find his home. Visrakum says it's nice to meet Kon and he'll help out if he can.

>>657458

Ooh, ooh, wait! Ren learned new magic and stuff! Check it out!

Ren demonstrates some of her new skills by searching for signs of life in the River, then TELEPATHICALLY LIFTING A FISH OUT INTO THE SKY AND FLOATING IT! Visrakum is impressed.

Yvirell is bewildered and confused. He stares at it for a moment, a little scared.
he asks why fish is fly.
>>
No. 657472 ID: a19cd5

>>657463
make it kiss him
>>
No. 657502 ID: 227a05

"Because Ren is WIZARD!"
>>
No. 657528 ID: d6fb37

>>657463
Ren picked it up with magic!
>>
No. 657552 ID: 99cfa8

>>657463
Pretend it's a rare breed of flying fish.
>>
No. 657605 ID: 15fae4
File 143762532361.png - (72.43KB , 855x641 , 6888585.png )
657605

>>657472

ren decides to hold off on the reveal for a moment and mess with yvirell a little. she floats it over and makes it touch mouths with Yvirell, who is shocked and... A little frustrated.

it touched noses with yvirell! what sort of magic is this?!

Yvirell seems to be unaware that it is actually magic.
>>
No. 657607 ID: e114bc

Oh my god Ren don't be such a pervert.
>>
No. 657687 ID: 0f4536

Magic magic!
>>
No. 657700 ID: 7e2b63

Why not ask the kobolds around here if they have an idea of which 'bild tribes are friendliest. That way, we can check those out first to avlid trouble
>>
No. 657707 ID: fab78f

>>657605
T-that's LEWD!
>>
No. 657714 ID: a599c3

>>657605
Wow Ren, thats actually really suggestive
>>
No. 657809 ID: 15fae4
File 143773084241.png - (73.73KB , 1104x492 , 742754.png )
657809

>>657607
>>657714
>>657707

Kon stifles his giggling and takes this moment to remind Ren that this is lewd, perverted and suggestive, and a combination of all three. Ren is very embarassed. She drops the fish and apologizes to the grumbling Yvirell, admitting it was just magic.
>>
No. 657812 ID: e114bc

So uh... ask how everyone's been doing. If anyone's hurt you can heal them!
>>
No. 657845 ID: a599c3
657845

>>657809
Well now that we've broke the ice a bit, lets go ask if they need anything done, if nay then lets head off to the elder's.
>>
No. 658400 ID: 15fae4
File 143797101874.png - (71.47KB , 1020x469 , 865568568.png )
658400

>>657812
>>657845
>>657700

Ren decides to get to business. She asks which of the Kobold tribes nearby they are friendly with - also, if there's any injured around that she can heal.

Visrakum explains there's no major injuries here, now. They're all friends with the neighboring villages, one of whom, to the East, were hit by a deadly gnoll raid recently, and could likely use the help of a capable healer.
>>
No. 658415 ID: e114bc

>>658400
Well we may as well stop by the Chief first, but that sounds like as good a next destination as any.
>>
No. 658532 ID: a599c3

>>658415
Seconded, lets say bye and head off to the elders now
>>
No. 659120 ID: 15fae4
File 143816465670.png - (111.43KB , 810x478 , 754783.png )
659120

>>658415
>>658532

Ren thanks them and takes Kon along, heading over to the Elder's tent. The light haze of smoke is present as usual, and the skinny, tall Jirwin greets Ren with a loving hug.

"Rendamel, precious young one. Good to see you again. How is the journey going?" He turns his head, noticing Kon. "Is this a new member for the Tribe?"
>>
No. 659147 ID: 0f4536

Maybe eventually. Right now he is has lost his memories and is trying to find out where he is from.
>>
No. 659207 ID: 9ff57b

This kobold has lost his memories, and we are trying to find his home. Maybe you know some other kobold friends that could help him? By the way, For now we are calling him "Kon".
>>
No. 659238 ID: 15fae4
File 143822998881.png - (100.40KB , 1057x478 , 754747235.png )
659238

>>659147
>>659207

Ren says that not yet. He lost his memories when he got hurt and we're looking for his home, and we were going to the Kobold villages next to look. He's also been named Kon until we can find his real name.

The Elder says he likes your naming skills. He's afraid he doesn't think anyone will recognize him from around here if he doesn't, but you should check the other Tribes. Even if they are dirty heretics who worship false gods, they are friends regardless.
>>
No. 659292 ID: e114bc

>>659238
What kind of gods do kobolds worship?

Tell the elder about some of the stuff that's happened to you, and that you're going to that tribe that got attacked, to practice healing.
>>
No. 659297 ID: 15fae4
File 143824158571.png - (121.91KB , 1057x478 , 24242.png )
659297

>>659292

Kobolds generally have 1 religion per tribe, usually completely separate from any other.
Ren and her tribe, for example, worship Kortulmak, god of monsters.

Regardless, Ren says she's going to search in the village to the East, and also heal anyone that was injured. The Elder nods and waves Kon over. "Come, Rendamel, The Lost. I have something that may aid you on your journey." He reaches into a chest and brings out...

KOBOLD STAFF and a KOBOLD CROSSBOW which he hands to Ren and Kon, respectively. They're made of gnarled wood and rusted metal, with a strange green orb in the Staff.

Well, they may not be perfect, but they have heart.
>>
No. 659302 ID: e114bc

>>659297
Awesome, a staff of your very own! Thank the elder kindly, and maybe we can get going.
>>
No. 659306 ID: 15fae4
File 143824524121.png - (199.06KB , 1057x478 , 4624626.png )
659306

>>659302

Ren and Kon thank the Elder and hit the road.
>>
No. 659328 ID: 0f4536

Continue onwards.
>>
No. 659365 ID: e114bc

>>659306
Ask if he's remembered anything yet. Like, does he remember what god he worshipped?
>>
No. 659475 ID: 15fae4
File 143831911315.png - (82.36KB , 1057x478 , 473757537.png )
659475

>>659365
>>659328

As Ren and Kon make their way East, Ren asks Kon if he remembers anything. Like what god he worshipped.

Kon says there's... Foggy images... Other Kobolds... A sword... A Dwarf... It's not a very helpful flashback.
>>
No. 659477 ID: e114bc

A dwarf? ...does he have any feelings about dwarves in general?
>>
No. 659493 ID: 15fae4
File 143832204421.png - (118.76KB , 1057x478 , 14135.png )
659493

>>659477

Ren asks Kon how he feels about Dwarves. He says that they're nice sometimes and mean other times. They are neutral. Now ELVES, Elves are total-

Oh, we're here. It looks like a typical Kobold village, if it weren't for the fact that several houses are very torn up, with weapons embedded inside. Kobolds go about their business, some with moderate-to-severe injuries. To their credit, they don't seem to be letting it bother them.
>>
No. 659497 ID: e114bc

>>659493
Go talk to the elder for permission to go magicking the victims. You'll want to start with the worst injured first.
>>
No. 659504 ID: defceb

If they aren't going to do anything with the weapons, offer to take some off their hands.
>>
No. 659512 ID: 15fae4
File 143832789344.png - (83.57KB , 1057x478 , 7547373.png )
659512

>>659497

Ren approaches a random villager clutching a sniffling child with tears welling in their eyes.

Ren says they're visitors from the Tribe to the... Uh... Opposite of East, and they're here to look for anyone that recognizes Kon and maybe heal anyone they can. Can you point them to the Elder?

The adult nods and begins to speak. Yes, to find the elder, you can simply- Wait, a healer? Please, heal my child. She's inconsolable, and we are quickly running out of medical supplies.

The child appears to have a severe case of slight cut on the hand.
>>
No. 659515 ID: e114bc

>>659512
Do it just so she gives you directions without complaint. Should be super fast anyway.
>>
No. 659526 ID: 15fae4
File 143834709439.png - (95.37KB , 1057x478 , 573537.png )
659526

>>659515

Ren does a very basic healing spell on the tiny cut. The child stifles his sobbing and begins to laugh and cheer. The adult is entranced. Evidently, she has never seen magic before.

The adult points Ren in the direction of the Elder, just on top of the hill. She thanks Ren profusely and says she owes Ren a debt.
>>
No. 659530 ID: 30ac8b

Don't worry ma'am, Just doing my work
>>
No. 659568 ID: e114bc

>>659526
Um it's fine don't worry about it.
>>
No. 659572 ID: a599c3

>>659526
Dub yourself Ren M.D. and lets hit the road after we do a little more healing and direction asking.
>>
No. 659726 ID: e63eb9

Only thanks is her happiness and maybe a place to crash if they need it.
>>
No. 659793 ID: 15fae4
File 143849592348.png - (73.69KB , 848x482 , 6437347.png )
659793

>>659530
>>659572
>>659726
>>659568

Kon begins to ask for money, but Ren interupts and says she's just doing her job and the only thanks she needs is their happiness. Kon is confused by this concept.

They begin to head upwards towards the Elder.
>>
No. 659795 ID: e114bc

>>659793
Seems like Kon is a bit morally dubious. Ask him how much he'd charge for healing a tiny scratch like that.
>>
No. 659804 ID: 15fae4
File 143851031570.png - (81.63KB , 1078x463 , 347373.png )
659804

>>659795

Ren asks Kon why he wanted money for that.

Kon says that so long as she was OFFERING, he doesn't see the reason not to, since she clearly wanted to give it away.

He thinks that you should use your powers for good, but if good can make you shinies, you should do both.
>>
No. 659816 ID: e114bc

Okay sure, we'll accept donations.
>>
No. 659848 ID: a599c3

>>659804
Donations then. Good suggestion Kon.
>>
No. 659999 ID: 15fae4
File 143858401257.png - (56.35KB , 1078x463 , 21415415.png )
659999

>>659816
>>659848

Ren says donations are good. Good idea, Kon.

Kon is visibly pleased by Ren's praise.

The pair approach the tent housing the elder.
>>
No. 660000 ID: defceb

Knock politely on whatever part of the entrance appears knock-on-able.
>>
No. 660001 ID: 15fae4
File 143858436769.png - (111.13KB , 1078x463 , 222222.png )
660001

>>659999

Rendamel and Kon enter the tent of the Elder, a tribal looking fellow, stirring a boiling cauldron of thick, green ichor.

Ren introduces herself. They say that she's from the Tribe to the not-East. Her friend here, Kon, has lost his memory - they're looking for anyone who recognizes him. They'd also be happy to offer healing services to anyone that need them.

The Elder nods. He says that he's afraid he doesn't recognize Kon, so he must not be from this village, but he can send out word. And he would feel great gratitude of Ren were to help with the healing. There are no mages in the tribe and they are running low on conventional supplies.
>>
No. 660002 ID: defceb

Agree to help healing people. Have Kon run triage and organize injured villagers into a neat line so you can zap 'em one after another.

Healing zaps.

Not lightning zaps.
>>
No. 660003 ID: e114bc

>>660001
Ask if he knows if anyone is in danger of dying from their wounds, you'll help them first. Otherwise just go out and announce your intentions and ask for a vaguely orderly line.
>>
No. 660005 ID: 15fae4
File 143858571551.png - (79.50KB , 1078x463 , 123124155.png )
660005

>>660003
>>660002

Ren says yes. She'd like to see anyone that's in urgent danger first, then the rest can be dealt with in an organized way. The Elder, who introduces himself as Defkeb, says that there's a Bay with wounded and he'll lead them there.

As they walk, he notices Kon's crossbow, and asks if he can fight. They're in danger of a second attack by the Gnolls, and they'd like all the help they can get.
>>
No. 660006 ID: e114bc

>>660005
Yup.

Rendamel, do you have a handle on fire magic?
>>
No. 660008 ID: 15fae4
File 143858715127.png - (67.33KB , 1078x463 , X1.png )
660008

>>660006

Oh, totally! Check this out!
>>
No. 660009 ID: 15fae4
File 143858717881.png - (81.82KB , 1078x463 , X2.png )
660009

>>660008

BOOOOOOOOOOOM
>>
No. 660010 ID: 15fae4
File 143858720412.png - (180.71KB , 1060x708 , X3.png )
660010

>>660009

BAD END
>>
No. 660012 ID: e114bc

>>660010
Restart from checkpoint.
>>
No. 660013 ID: 15fae4
File 143858744525.png - (72.19KB , 1078x463 , 7737347.png )
660013

>>660012

haha ren was just kidding

can you imagine
>>
No. 660069 ID: 0f4536

>>660013
Not the worst thing a mage could have done by accident.

So anyway, we can use fire magic then?
>>
No. 660213 ID: 15fae4
File 143867901301.png - (66.21KB , 1078x463 , 1314141.png )
660213

>>660069

Ren is practiced in fire, yeah. She can conjure up a nice little flame, maybe even use a ball or fire a steady stream... She's not too confident about her aim, though.

The group begin to move into the medical bay, a large tent. It smells of blood.
>>
No. 660214 ID: 15fae4
File 143867916738.png - (83.27KB , 1078x463 , 78t7587.png )
660214

>>660213

Inside, there's about a dozen Kobolds that look critically injured, with pockets of others around nursing more minor injuries. The Elder gestures to the first bed, where a Kobold sits, wrapped in blood-soaked bandages. "This is Lopin. Poor little thing. Gnoll claws are nothing to mess with. He's lucky they didn't have an arm."
>>
No. 660216 ID: defceb

1. Feel a little nauseous with all the blood and gore
2. Suck it up like a RENDAMAN
3. BE A WIZARD. MAGIC THE WOUNDS SO HARD THEY NEVER COME BACK.
>>
No. 660218 ID: 15fae4
File 143868074829.png - (69.05KB , 1078x463 , 6347362.png )
660218

>>660216

Rendamel chokes down her nervousness and dislike of the whole gorey situation and gets serious, setting to work. She even takes her hat off. She's not sure how well she'll be able to do with the more serious injuries, but no better way to find out.

As she gets to work, she and the Elder chat about healing and magic business. Kon doesn't understand it, so he begins to zone out.
>>
No. 660219 ID: 15fae4
File 143868089797.png - (46.20KB , 1078x463 , 6613512.png )
660219

You are KON, The Lost.

You lost your memory after an accident. You're still young, so you're practically a blank slate. You decide it's time to make some decisions.

1. WHAT ARE YOUR FEELINGS ON RENDAMEL?

2. HOW DEDICATED ARE YOU TO FINDING OUT YOUR PAST?

3. IF AND WHEN YOU DO FIND YOUR TRIBE AND FAMILY, WHAT WILL YOU DO?
>>
No. 660220 ID: defceb

1. She's pretty cool, you guess.

2. It would be nice to re-discover, but it's not the end of the world if you don't.

3. You really don't know. That's a bridge you'll cross when you get there.
>>
No. 660221 ID: 3663d3

she's pretty... uh, pretty cool, yeah. that's what you ment.

somewhat, you are kinda really curious.

depends, if they recognize you that would be really nice.
>>
No. 660269 ID: 1d04e1

1- She's Weird, She didn't wanted to make shinies at first...
2- ...It's the only thing I can do... Right?
3- We'll see... I guess my family should be very worried, right?
>>
No. 660285 ID: 227a05

1. Friendship!

2. Eh. It's something to do.

3. I dunno.
>>
No. 660357 ID: 15fae4
File 143874977793.png - (80.14KB , 988x490 , 5151351.png )
660357

>>660220
>>660221
>>660269
>>660285

You decide that Rendamel is pretty cool, though she possesses weird qualities. You have no idea what you'll do when you complete your mission of finding your home.

As you make these decisions, a group of soldiers chatter near you. They say there's still a Gnoll right outside, and that it could attack at any moment if they don't get it. But they're too injured to get it.
>>
No. 660358 ID: 15fae4
File 143874982027.png - (91.22KB , 988x490 , 52151.png )
660358

You toy with the idea of going to fight the Gnoll.

On the one hand, Gnolls are very dangerous and you could get eat.
>>
No. 660359 ID: 15fae4
File 143874986198.png - (99.11KB , 988x490 , 3652612.png )
660359

On the other, you can totally take this Gnoll and everyone would be super impressed and think you're awesome.
>>
No. 660361 ID: e114bc

>>660359
You have a crossbow! Go shoot it!
>>
No. 660369 ID: 15fae4
File 143875267811.png - (106.72KB , 994x476 , ewewew.png )
660369

>>660361

You wander outside of the tent, crossbow in hand. You pick up a miniature axe embedded in a tree stump. You scan the treeline, and sure enough - there's the Gnoll.
>>
No. 660370 ID: 15fae4
File 143875271402.png - (80.63KB , 1057x478 , 612331.png )
660370

You ready your BADASS RAD CROSSBOW. The Gnoll runs towards you to attack first. It won't save him.
>>
No. 660376 ID: e114bc

>>660370
Aim for center mass, less likely to miss. Take advantage of that injury by dodging to the side, then come in to finish it off with the axe.
>>
No. 660383 ID: 15fae4
File 143875621988.png - (93.29KB , 994x476 , 3513514123.png )
660383

>>660376

(Roll: 9. Sorry, Kon.)

Kon aims his bow and shoots it at the chest, but goes slightly above by accident as the Gnoll moves. The bolt is buried in her neck, and Kon manages to get a nice Hatchet blow to her wrist, but not before he gets a faceful of Claw.
>>
No. 660385 ID: 15fae4
File 143875626477.png - (20.58KB , 994x476 , 21312542131.png )
660385

the last thing kon sees before everything goes black is how

awesome

that

was...

oh man he totally kicked that thing's ass...
>>
No. 660386 ID: e114bc

...I'm sure Ren will be here shortly to heal Kon.
>>
No. 660391 ID: defceb

Kon; Stay awake by sheer force of will and drag the dead gnoll back to town as a trophy

Rendamel; coincidentally look in Kon's general direction and heal him quickly
>>
No. 660396 ID: 15fae4
File 143876079377.png - (5.09KB , 994x476 , blackout.png )
660396

Kon hears voices. Images flash by in his head, but he can't quite see them. Nothing makes sense.
>>
No. 660397 ID: 15fae4
File 143876082252.png - (43.89KB , 994x476 , 1212121212121212212121212.png )
660397

Everything's fuzzy for a moment.
>>
No. 660398 ID: 15fae4
File 143876086034.png - (66.75KB , 994x476 , 2121313141.png )
660398

..


..

Rendamel thinks we should stop saying hi to each other like this.
>>
No. 660399 ID: e114bc

Apologize for almost dying again.
>>
No. 660401 ID: d5d185

>>660398
check out sick new eye scar
>>
No. 660404 ID: 15fae4
File 143876262768.png - (86.73KB , 994x476 , 121213131414543523.png )
660404

>>660399

Kon says he's sorry for getting hurt again. Ren asks him if he's feeling OK.

Kon says, yes, why?

That makes Ren frown and look away.
>>
No. 660406 ID: 15fae4
File 143876267399.png - (40.94KB , 994x476 , 213524.png )
660406

Actually, now that you mention it, Kon does sort of itch.
>>
No. 660407 ID: 15fae4
File 143876269927.png - (74.70KB , 994x476 , 352514.png )
660407

He goes to scratch his eye and it compresses just a little too much.
>>
No. 660408 ID: e114bc

>>660407
Hey what, c'mon, where is my eye. Give it back.
>>
No. 660411 ID: 15fae4
File 143876319049.png - (85.13KB , 994x476 , 5331.png )
660411

>>660408

Kon asks for his eye back, c'mon.

Ren says she's sorry. She wasn't a good enough healer.

...

..

..

..

..

Eh, no skin off Kon's back.
>>
No. 660413 ID: e114bc

Is the gnoll dead at least?
>>
No. 660418 ID: 15fae4
File 143876742663.png - (48.00KB , 994x476 , 6321312.png )
660418

>>660413

Is the Gnoll dead? Did he get it?

The Elder chimes in, patting Kon on the head. "Yes, the Gnoll was slain. You made a great shot. It stumbled around for around 20 minutes, choking and bleeding everywhere before it finally died. You've done us a great service, Lost one."

Kon smiles, satisfied. The Elder says he'll help out the Lost in any way he can, providing transport for his search, aiding him with the weapons lying around, etc.

Kon mostly just seems happy to bask in the praise.
>>
No. 660419 ID: defceb

Ask for an eyepatch that is at least as cool as Rendamel's hat.
>>
No. 660420 ID: 15fae4
File 143876898132.png - (82.37KB , 994x476 , 5231213.png )
660420

>>660419

Kon asks if he can get an eyepatch like a pirate or something. That'd be rad.

Unfortunately, as hard as Ren tried, the eye still isn't fixed up completely. It needs time to heal. You'll wanna change bandages every day, probably before heading to bed.

So, now that this whole business is wrapped up, word is being sent out to the other tribes, and the weapons are being shipped back to Ren's home, one question remains...
>>
No. 660422 ID: 15fae4
File 143876905244.png - (107.08KB , 994x476 , 121241453536.png )
660422

WHERE SHOULD THEY HEAD NEXT?

They could visit... The Dwarves, or the Elves, or another Tribe, or further explore human society, or one of the other craaaaaazy places that are surely about! The road goes ever on!
>>
No. 660425 ID: defceb

Visit the elves.

Elves can fashion.

Fashion means more fashionable hats and eyepatches to acquire.

More fashion means being a better wizard, obvi.

Oh, and go ask about Kon's family too I guess.
>>
No. 660429 ID: e114bc

Go talk to the Dwarves! Kon remembers a dwarf. Also we have an invite.
>>
No. 660447 ID: 0f4536

Dorfs. The elves will probably try to eat your or something.
>>
No. 660450 ID: 2a7417

Elves. The dorfs will probably drown you in lava or something.
>>
No. 660463 ID: c22069

Go to the Dorf Fort since you've got the official invite. Kon was about to say something about the Elves before, are they all BIG JERKS or something, who will try to turn Kobolds into pets like that one Elf?
>>
No. 660474 ID: a599c3

>>660422
I say dwarves, and who knows? Maybe they have good wizard clothing like the elves probably do.


Hahahaha, sure.
>>
No. 660637 ID: 15fae4
File 143885808514.png - (36.32KB , 1024x552 , Untitled_4.png )
660637

Sorry for no updates today, everyone. Just couldn't get to my PC. Please accept another terrible finger drawn mouse creation of Ren conjuring up an apology.

Ren and Kon's adventures in directionless wandering will continue tomorrow.
>>
No. 660638 ID: 15fae4

>>660637

Finger drawn TABLET creation. Good work, Boxdog.
>>
No. 660821 ID: 15fae4
File 143893723761.png - (88.30KB , 1089x476 , 52473.png )
660821

Ren votes to visit the Elves, but Kon wants to check out the Dorf Fort. He wins because he has more... Suggestion Points in his argument.

The Elder arranges them transport, a simple cart with room to sleep, supplies, and a horse for pulling.
>>
No. 660822 ID: 15fae4
File 143893732493.png - (74.97KB , 1089x476 , 2352634.png )
660822

Date: Day month year
Weather: Windy
Health: Good
Food: 300 pounds
Miles travelled: 22
Miles until next landmark: 2
>>
No. 660823 ID: 15fae4
File 143893737042.png - (84.17KB , 1089x476 , trail1.png )
660823

>>660822

You stop at Rendamel's village to say your goodbyes and get some supplies. You drop off Wilfred for the time being.

Yvirell compliments Kon on his badass rad bandages.
>>
No. 660824 ID: 15fae4
File 143893740685.png - (100.54KB , 1089x476 , TRAIL2.png )
660824

You travel through the forest. You're getting there.
>>
No. 660825 ID: 15fae4
File 143893749564.png - (81.64KB , 1089x476 , Trail3.png )
660825

You encounter another Wagon, led by none other than fellow Kobold and all-around badass DURK NUUK'ERM.

You lose a day as you camp, trade stories, and eat all their food.
>>
No. 660826 ID: 15fae4
File 143893752763.png - (87.56KB , 1089x476 , trail4.png )
660826

>>660825

Heading through the mountains. You're getting close! In the night, Kon hears the roar of Dragons.
>>
No. 660827 ID: 15fae4
File 143893757863.png - (100.39KB , 994x471 , 131441515.png )
660827

>>660826

You arrive at ROCKMURDERED, the massive stone fortress inside a mountain. (Massive fortress not to scale)

It is completely locked down. As you approach the gate, the Guards menace with spikes of spears.
>>
No. 660828 ID: e114bc

Show them the thing the dwarf gave you!
>>
No. 660854 ID: c22069

Announce that you are Dwarf-Friends and hold out your Dwarf Thing to show to them! Maybe ask if the Lock-down situation is normal or if there is trouble.
>>
No. 660861 ID: 15fae4
File 143898230887.png - (63.60KB , 994x471 , 5772352634.png )
660861

>>660854
>>660828

Rendamel approaches the gate and yells that they are fr-

"WHAT?!"

We're Dwarf-friends, we're Kobolds that-

"WHAT'D IT SAY?!"

"I DUNNO!"

"WELL, WHAT DOES IT WANT?!"

"I SAID I DUN' FECKIN' KNOW!"


Ren presents the coin-thing the Dwarf she healed gave her, holding it upwards.

"HEY, IT HAS ONE OF THE THINGS!"

"WHAT?! BULLSHIT IT HAS ONE OF THE THINGS!"

"COME SEE!"

"...IT HAS ONE OF THE THINGS!"

"I FECKIN' TOLD YOU!"

"WELL, LET IT IN!"

"IT'S A KOBOLD, IT PROBABLY STOLE IT!"

"THE RULES SAY WE HAVE TO LET ANYONE IN THAT HAS ONE OF THOSE!"

"IT MEANT DWARVES!"

"IT DIDN'T SAY THAT, JUST LET THEM IN!"

>>
No. 660862 ID: 15fae4
File 143898237953.png - (62.09KB , 994x471 , 535141.png )
660862

>>
No. 660865 ID: e114bc

>>660862
Well. Kon went in I guess? Go in too. Also these guys seem to have a poor opinion of kobolds so watch yourselves.
>>
No. 660908 ID: ebcefd

Enter. Avoid any suspicious floor hatches or grates.
>>
No. 660979 ID: a599c3

>>660862
We might wanna make this trip quick Ren. Lets do what we came here to do, and get out. Also watch out for literally everything.
>>
No. 661224 ID: 15fae4
File 143910459986.png - (103.92KB , 916x481 , 643226.png )
661224

>>660979
>>660908
>>660865

Ren decides to be careful in this place. She enters, and it's quite a sight to see. [Sight-to-seeness not to scale.] A mad system of massive tunnels, buildings chiseled into the rock, walkways, minecart tracks, makeshift elevators, as if designed by some madman for maximum efficiency. In the distance, Ren can hear the muffled, cacophonous meowing of thousands, maybe millions of Cats.
>>
No. 661225 ID: 15fae4
File 143910467089.png - (155.73KB , 916x481 , doesanyoneactuallyreadthese.png )
661225

>>661224

Kon is up ahead, chatting with a... Woman? They appear to be bonding about their lack of body parts. The Dorf says she doesn't recognize him, and if he wanted to get found he'd probably wanna head over to the Throne room and talk to the Royals, maybe the Army camp, where they keep a list of all visitors.
>>
No. 661227 ID: 15fae4
File 143910470643.png - (91.77KB , 916x481 , 634623.png )
661227

>>661225

Here's some of the places they could head. Kon suggests going straight to the Hoard. C'mon, Kon. Don't perpetuate the stereotype.
>>
No. 661228 ID: e114bc

>>661227
Army camp. There was something about a sword, right?
>>
No. 661232 ID: 15fae4
File 143910606859.png - (73.55KB , 916x481 , there used to be like jokes in these or whatever.png )
661232

>>661228

Ren and Kon hop into the minecart marked "Army", logically it should talk them to the Army centre or wherever. It begins moving automatically, a gentle roll. Weeeeeeeeeeee!
>>
No. 661233 ID: 15fae4
File 143910609617.png - (70.07KB , 916x481 , 5747367364.png )
661233

>>661232

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
>>
No. 661234 ID: 15fae4
File 143910611833.png - (83.52KB , 916x481 , 745723.png )
661234

>>661233

Eeeeeeeeeee....
>>
No. 661235 ID: 15fae4
File 143910614201.png - (51.54KB , 916x481 , 624631.png )
661235

>>661234

"Oh, hey. You recruits? Just go through the door on the Left."
>>
No. 661236 ID: e114bc

Nope! Visitor records, please.
>>
No. 661239 ID: defceb

Maybe this is just how dwarves greet each other. Go through the door.
>>
No. 661240 ID: 15fae4
File 143910742447.png - (88.71KB , 916x481 , 15235.png )
661240

>>661236
>>661239

Ren asks to be shown the visitor records. She's looking for her friend's home, since he's lost. Any information would help.

The Dorf nods. "Alright..."

Kon is heading for the door, not listening at all.
>>
No. 661241 ID: 15fae4
File 143910745007.png - (81.74KB , 916x481 , 662367.png )
661241

"We're just gonna need his birth name."
>>
No. 661242 ID: 15fae4
File 143910750663.png - (137.78KB , 916x481 , 73473.png )
661242

2 seconds later...

GOD DAMN IT, IS THE KOBOLD BEATING ALLOF YOU? CRAWL FASTER! I WANNA SEE THAT FACE IN THE DIRT!
>>
No. 661243 ID: 15fae4
File 143910753495.png - (86.08KB , 916x481 , 78668.png )
661243

SWING LIKE YOU GOTTA PAIR!
>>
No. 661244 ID: 15fae4
File 143910756666.png - (46.86KB , 916x481 , 7347247.png )
661244

Kon's climbing something.
Kon likes climbing. It appeals to his simian instincts. Yeah.

...Where is Kon?
>>
No. 661246 ID: defceb

You're on the way to becoming HARDCORE is where you are, Kon.
>>
No. 661323 ID: 3663d3

just keep going you are doing great. this may help us find out who you were before.
>>
No. 661453 ID: 227a05

Tranquil as a forest...but a fiiire - withiiin.

Once you find your center...you are sure - to win.
>>
No. 661458 ID: e114bc

Climbing a mountain?
>>
No. 661665 ID: 15fae4
File 143927989757.png - (48.65KB , 1008x445 , 326236.png )
661665

Kon is BEAT. He feels like it took at least 2 full days to climb that wall.
>>
No. 661666 ID: 15fae4
File 143927999570.png - (90.45KB , 1008x445 , 32661.png )
661666

"God damn it, soldier." A well-groomed (For a Dorf) Dorf steps up, looking semi-impressed but mostly frustrated. "You just got the best god damn time on this course EVER. And you're a damned Kobold. That is as impressive as it is bloody humiliating. What's your name?"

Kon introduces himself... As Kon.

"No shit? And what role were you looking to sign up for? I haven't seen you in the Office."
>>
No. 661667 ID: e114bc

I dunno, I just went in the door.
>>
No. 661669 ID: 15fae4
File 143928109043.png - (73.33KB , 1008x445 , 64226.png )
661669

>>661667

Oh, I'm not part of the army, I was just wandering around.

...

...

The Dorf's face is devoid of emotion.
>>
No. 661670 ID: 15fae4
File 143928137719.png - (88.13KB , 1008x445 , 14151.png )
661670

MEANWHILE...

The Dorf picks through a book before stopping on some page. "A-ha! Here we go. Now, your description doesn't narrow it down much, but there's only been two Kobolds coming through here in the past 6 months... One, a thief who made off with some gold cutlery from the hoard, who we chased down into the city before we lost him, and the other an adventurer travelling with a Dwarf, 2 Gnolls, and a Human, who went to the Mountains to slay a Dragon, Zurin."
>>
No. 661671 ID: e114bc

Wellll we can check the city later, but I want to hope he was part of the adventuring party. Because that'd be awesome.

Ask about the adventuring party. Does he know any of their names? Also ask what city.
>>
No. 661672 ID: defceb

Kon; Request to be a super cool spy like Solid Snake

Rendamel; Ask if the thief was injured during pursuit. If that doesn't provide any details to match up with Kon, pursue the dragonslayers info.
>>
No. 661709 ID: 4d613a

Ask about the adventurer. If Kon has somewhat positive memories of the dwarves he was probably not the one chased off by them.

>a super cool spy like Solid Snake
Ah the story of Dabblivubris the Snake of Solidity, the legendary kobold who in an age past struck down the forgotten beast Rex Metalgears the Hound of Foxes by ambushing it from within an -ash wood bin-. Truly an inspiring tale.
>>
No. 661999 ID: 15fae4
File 143945872934.png - (130.38KB , 981x466 , kon works on his cosplay intermission.png )
661999

Sorry, everybody. Been stressing out these past couple days over a few work things and such.

Please enjoy this non-canon intermission of Kon getting some help with his Punished Kobold cosplay.
>>
No. 662288 ID: 15fae4
File 143955405669.png - (134.91KB , 981x466 , 52154124.png )
662288

>>661709
>>661671
>>661672

Ren asks if there's anything identifying either of the two kobolds, any names, details about where they are?

Unfortunately, the DeskDorf says, they were all very Kobold-looking. Short, ragged clothing made of furs, carrying primitive weapons, strong scent of dirt... They didn't catch the thief, and the adventurers haven't returned, so they either completed their mission and went to live in excess and wealth for all their days, or were burned to a crisp.

Anyone's guess.

Meanwhile, Kon asks if he can learn any awesome spy training and be like famous Kobold commando, Dabblivubris, whom any Kobold worth their salt knows of, even one with amnesia.
>>
No. 662289 ID: 15fae4
File 143955409413.png - (104.58KB , 981x466 , 14125.png )
662289

>>662288

So, where should Ren head?

Kon is being drilled on the basics of CQC.
>>
No. 662348 ID: e114bc

>>662289
Tell dorf to tell Kon to meet up with you at the market when he's done.
Go to market. We've got some gold, maybe there's something cool to buy.
>>
No. 662351 ID: 28f645

Ask if the adventurers bought anything or stayed here when they passed though.
>>
No. 662355 ID: defceb

If they've got the an adventurer's inn or equivalent that we can find information about those travelers, I suggest we go check that out.

Then hit the market. Maybe we can find some cool oddities there.
>>
No. 662803 ID: 15fae4
File 143969715588.png - (72.05KB , 976x476 , 263151.png )
662803

>>662348
>>662351
>>662355

Ren asks the Dwarf if he knows if the party went anywhere, bought anything?

"That's not my jurisdiction, you'll wanna check in the Markets. Perhaps a Tavern or such, they are known to be frequent hotspots for adventurers of their sort."

Ren thanks the DeskDorf and pokes her head through the door, yelling to Kon that they're going. Kon immediately loses interest in what they're doing. But perhaps he has learned some invaluable skills that will come in later???
>>
No. 662810 ID: 15fae4
File 143969857405.png - (16.48KB , 976x476 , yo ho yo ho yo ho.png )
662810

The Market is a mish-mash of stalls and stores, but these stand out most.

The three Taverns/Inns/Pubs/whatever: The Strong Kobold, the Dazed Dragon, and the Lusty Elf.

The General Store/Mining Supplies

The Alcohol and Combat Gear store

and the FORTUNE TELLER
>>
No. 662816 ID: 82c018

Try the Alcohol and Combat Gear store; those are some of adventurers' favorite things.
>>
No. 663851 ID: 15fae4
File 143997312563.png - (137.84KB , 1011x480 , 6236236.png )
663851

>>662816

Ren and Kon head on down to the ALCOHOL & COMBAT GEAR STORE! As they push through the steel doors, they are greeted with a comforting, alcoholic, familiar smell, like a close-knit pub with a gang of regulars. And war. There's a hint of war to it.

On the left, shelf after shelf of various types of brew, Ren doesn't recognize any of them. All she knows is Grog. Visrakum won't let her have any until she's 4, though.

On the right, the weapons. First visible is a long shelf of swords, shortswords, longswords, greatswords, claymores, strange foreign looking swords, all types of swords. All Craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. Past that, Hammers, Daggers and knives, Axes, Morningstars, Spears, Shields, explosives, etc.

At the front, A Dwarf sits at a counter, chatting with a Human. "And for that you're gonna want a silencer, a loudener, your bandoliers... And that's for shooting out Guard Horses."
>>
No. 663855 ID: defceb

Acquire swordcane.

Kon: Acquire bandanna. Ask for the dwarf to stitch an infinity sign into it for infinite ammo.
>>
No. 663857 ID: e114bc

>>663851
Ask the guy about the adventuring party!
>>
No. 664303 ID: 15fae4
File 144014955350.png - (115.32KB , 1049x480 , 472174672672.png )
664303

>>663857
>>663855

((Unfortunately, my awesome Logitech G400s gave up the ghost, today. New replacement mouse is terrible and frustrating to draw with. Bear with me.))

Ren inquires with the surprisingly slim Dorf at the desk about any Adventuring parties that came through recently, while Kon searches for a Bandana. The Dorf speaks up. "We get a couple of those through every month or so... Uh, lookin' for anything in specific?" She explains she's looking for a party that had a Kobold in it. "Oh, yeah, there was one a while ago... Uh, believe his name was Supismik, or something along those lines. Very typical Kobold fellow. Purchased himself a large Knife, practically a sword for the tiny thing. Then he disappeared with the rest. Probably burned to a cinder somewhere."
>>
No. 664307 ID: 3444f5

Point out Kon and ask if he looks familiar.
>>
No. 664335 ID: d21498

Also, ask if He has any magic stuff. Clothes and the like. Also, if the group headed to some other shop before leaving.
>>
No. 664602 ID: 15fae4
File 144031095283.png - (142.28KB , 1049x480 , 5561616136.png )
664602

>>664307
>>664335

Ren points out Kon to the shopkeeper and ask if he looks familiar.

The Shopkeeper's first thought is that it's a potential thi- wait, no, gotta block that out. Work on that racism, Bolmur.

Apart from the obvious injury, which seems a little too... Well, small for someone who's fought a Dragon, he looks like any other Kobold he's ever seen. They all look the same to him.

Wait, was that racist to say? Damn it.
>>
No. 664604 ID: e114bc

>>664602
It's not that racist. Kobolds look pretty similar and differentiate eachother by smell mostly.

Ask for directions to where the adventurers went next in their quest!
>>
No. 664964 ID: 15fae4
File 144048746218.png - (85.59KB , 1076x448 , help.png )
664964

Hey guys. Things aren't going so great for Ren right now. Thanks for baring with me through the lack of updates.

Trivia: Rendamel means "Lonely Fire Watcher" in her Tribal language.
>>
No. 664966 ID: 99cfa8

>>664964
This d'awww is an acceptable replacement for updates.
>>
No. 667595 ID: 15fae4
File 144150578727.png - (98.69KB , 982x477 , we're BACK.png )
667595

>>664335
>>664604

[And we're... Back.]

Ren opens up a new line of questioning, inquiring as to if they have any magic items in the store, and where the adventuring party headed next. The Dorf laughs. "Nope, nothin' but good Dwarven steel, here. Might wanna ask the fortune teller, she's the only one that really dabbles in that sorta stuff around these parts.

As for the adventurers..." He digs under the counter for a moment and brings out a map of the mountain area, marking out the location of a mountain a while away from the fort. "I certainly hope you kids aren't thinking of going after them on you're own. You cross a Dragon and you'll end up burnt to a crisp, guaranteed. Or, well... No, you're Kobolds. You'll be made slaves."
>>
No. 667598 ID: defceb

Ask if he knows anything more about that dragon in particular.

Failing that, go see the fortune teller.
>>
No. 667601 ID: 15fae4
File 144150663306.png - (137.55KB , 982x477 , 743543523.png )
667601

>>667598

Ren asks the Dorf if he knows anything about this Dragon in particular. He shrugs. He knows Dragons are generally egotistical and greedy and murderous. Going out to slay one is almost always a fool's errand.

Ren thinks they've just about learned all they can from here, so she thanks the Dorf and heads over to the Fortune Teller's place.
>>
No. 667602 ID: 15fae4
File 144150676553.png - (100.44KB , 982x477 , 74734567.png )
667602

After a while of confused wandering, the pair eventually come upon a mysterious purple tent that seems like an appropriate location for a Fortune teller. Pulling apart the entrance curtains, they're greeted by a shadowy cloaked figure, a crystal ball, and all sorts of occult paraphernalia about the place.

"Greetings, younglings. I've been expecting you.
>>
No. 667604 ID: defceb

Ask if that means they already knew that you were going to ask this question that you are now asking. Then ask if they already know what the following question is going to be about (magic items and acquiring of them, ofc)
>>
No. 667606 ID: 15fae4
File 144150803742.png - (116.62KB , 982x477 , 496585.png )
667606

>>667604

Kon asks if she knew they were coming, does she know their names? And what he's gonna ask next? And then-

"I'd advise you not to try to be smart in matters of magic, child. You won't win.

I know what you're here for, so allow me to make you an offer.

>>
No. 667607 ID: 15fae4
File 144150809473.png - (124.68KB , 982x477 , offer1.png )
667607

"Now, you could take some conventional magical objects that will surely provide objective use in your journey."
>>
No. 667608 ID: 15fae4
File 144150816301.png - (147.77KB , 982x477 , 3575646365.png )
667608

"If you are a BABY. Or, you could put your hands on the crystal ball and see cryptic imagery to guide you on your path. It's as likely to help as it is to hinder you. Or do nothing!"
>>
No. 667610 ID: defceb

Ohhhh nonononono, go with the magic artifacts. Cryptic imagery is guaranteed to bite you in the ass! In fact, say that to the wizard. Or don't, 'cause they already know you're going to so not doing it will surprise them. Or will it? This is weird. Take the thingamajigs
>>
No. 667621 ID: e114bc

>>667608
Can we do both?
>>
No. 667624 ID: 82c018

If we want mysterious things of mysterious use we already have a STRANGE BOOK for that. Go with the items.
>>
No. 668290 ID: 15fae4
File 144170460558.png - (81.48KB , 982x477 , 75448564.png )
668290

Ren picks the artifacts without hesitation. She gets herself a shiny new magic enhancer for her staff, making her feel that she's getting a little OP, and in such short time, and Kon gets an awesome explosive shot for his Crossbow.

The mysterious woman huffs and shoos them out. "Yes. Whatever. I knew you were going to do that, anyway. Now get outta here, ya bums."
>>
No. 668291 ID: 15fae4
File 144170466566.png - (128.46KB , 982x477 , 347453467346.png )
668291

Ren and Kon decide that before they continue the great adventure, it's high time they collected themselves and figured out a plan. They decide the world famous [Adjective] [Animal Name] Inn is as good a place as any.
>>
No. 668292 ID: 15fae4
File 144170475555.png - (138.31KB , 982x477 , sleepover.png )
668292

They ignore the hustle and bustle of the crowd and ask to rent a room. They also order some yummy hot chocolates, which they enjoy whilst they lay out a map. Ren takes off her hat for the night and Kon laughs at her frizzy hair.
They're all ready to settle down, but one dilemma stands in their way.
>>
No. 668293 ID: 15fae4
File 144170480464.png - (115.68KB , 982x477 , 47346234.png )
668293

There's only one bed, and two of them! How should they sort this out? One of them could sleep on the floor, or...
>>
No. 668295 ID: defceb

Cuddle
>>
No. 668296 ID: 15fae4
File 144170578992.png - (106.74KB , 982x477 , 7344212734.png )
668296

>>668295
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password