[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 143127227382.png - (88.31KB , 800x600 , TankQuestBegins.png )
639382 No. 639382 ID: 938bc6

You wake up in the... hospital room. Your thoughts are kinda hazy and you can't remeber how you got here.

Commander. Finally back among the living. You must have a lot of questions regarding your current condition.

You remember woman in the labcoat, Dr.Mitchell, head of the medical devision of this base.
Expand all images
>>
No. 639384 ID: b9cef6
639384

Who am I? Where am I? Why is there a cute robot spider on the far wall? Do I have morning breath?
>>
No. 639387 ID: d42dd4

Let's start with something simple. What happened?
>>
No. 639391 ID: a9753c

What was the model number of the vehicle that ran me over?

Also, what are our current assets?
>>
No. 639394 ID: 334db2

What do you mean, current condition? What's wrong with my condition?!?
>>
No. 639396 ID: 0207a0

so, what went wrong?
>>
No. 639397 ID: 54d22d

Don't look at yourself. Instead, ask for a smoke and throw something at the flying thing.
>>
No. 639398 ID: fbc59e

ask if we're here because we did something heroic or just was fortunate enough to be pulled off the battlefield.
>>
No. 639399 ID: 0426fe

Am I still employed, and what all changes did you folks make to me while I was under?
>>
No. 639400 ID: 938bc6
File 143127481584.png - (88.26KB , 800x600 , TankQuestBegins 2.png )
639400

>Who am I? Where am I? Why is there a cute robot spider on the far wall? Do I have morning breath?

[Whaa... Who!?]

Dr.Mitchell:Commander? Are you feeling ok?
Why do I hear voices in my head?
Dr.Mitchell:Oh. It's just a side effect of being exposed to a rare alien artifact. Do not be alarmed its "mostly" harmless. Think of it as a door to your inner psyche.

>Let's start with something simple. What happened?

Dr.Mitchell:I don't know the details, all know is that you were hurt, and hurt bad. It was month sence they brought you back Commander. If you wish to know more, Commander Bradshaw will personally debrief you. Right now my job is to make sure you fully recovered.

>What do you mean, current condition? What's wrong with my condition?!?
[I feel mostly normal.]

>...throw something at the flying thing.
[It's a C class medbot, and I do have to agree, they are annoying]

Dr.Mitchell:I'm gonna ask you number of questions to make sure you didn't suffer any additional brain damage. Let's start with something simple. Are you boy or a girl?
>>
No. 639403 ID: 54d22d

Demand a smoke and ignore the fact that you likely have serious burns. Also ignore the joke that is hidden with great subtlety in the answer which is "grill".
>>
No. 639405 ID: fbc59e

grrrrrillllll...
Growl it out, maybe prepare to pounce on the flying spider.
>>
No. 639406 ID: 59295a

>>639400
You are a TANK GIRL! The cutest of your kind.
>>
No. 639407 ID: 3eeaa5

>>639403
seconding
>>
No. 639408 ID: 59295a

>>639400
or WAS the cutest, what with the accident and all. Lets not dwell on that tho.
>>
No. 639409 ID: 51b421

>>639408
Was the cutest tank girl. Now we are the cutest tank grill.
>>
No. 639410 ID: d42dd4

>are you a boy or girl
Well that question does wonders for my self image.

Girl
>>
No. 639411 ID: 938bc6
File 143127633939.png - (90.78KB , 800x600 , TankQuestBegins 3.png )
639411

>grrrrrillllll...
[Everythings seems to be in order]

>Demand a smoke and ignore the fact that you likely have serious burns.
[I would gladly take a smoke right now, even thou I don't have any burns.]

Dr.Mitchell:You certainly have your sence of humor intact. It was a joke. Can you remember your name?
>>
No. 639412 ID: 0207a0

Jaques cutiebutt
>>
No. 639413 ID: 54d22d

Ima.

As in "I'ma slap a bitch if I don't get a fucking smoke right the fuck now".
>>
No. 639414 ID: 79940c

>Let's start with something simple. Are you boy or a girl?
Please tell me the alien artifact didn't mess with my gender or something. (Peek under sheets).
>>
No. 639416 ID: 59295a

"Commander Lyr L Jaxx," Baby!
>>
No. 639418 ID: 59295a

Smoking in a hospital!? That's a no no!
>>
No. 639419 ID: d42dd4

Sawyer Carnegie
>>
No. 639420 ID: 89941a

"Yes"
>>
No. 639421 ID: 9297f4

>>639416
This.
>>
No. 639425 ID: 3526b1

Whatever name we get I am going to call ourselves the panzer f├╝hrer.
>>
No. 639427 ID: 938bc6
File 143127960647.png - (123.50KB , 800x600 , Smoke.png )
639427

Commander Jaxx: Jacqette L. Jaxx, Jackie for friends and Commander Jaxx for you doc.
Dr.Mitchell: Commander Jaxx... you do know that smoking in the a hospital is a big no no?
Commander Jaxx: Do I look like I give a fuck.
Dr.Mitchell: (sigh) Well then, lets move onto the next question. In your file I can see that you recived a special commendation during your basic training at the war academy. What was it for?

A) Steam (physical attributes)-(affects outcome of actions based on power and speed)
B) Smarts (intellect)-(affects outcome of actions based on knowlege and mental fortitude)
C) Spunk (charisma)-(affects outcome of actions based on charm and luck)

choose one and sacrifice one
>>
No. 639428 ID: 79940c

Plus spunk minus smarts.
>>
No. 639430 ID: 0207a0

+smart -spunk
>>
No. 639431 ID: fbc59e

I think we already know we've sacrificed Smarts...
But I think we'll take Spunk. lookadat spunky little face!
>>
No. 639433 ID: 89941a

Another vote for the unintelligent spunky commander. That face demands it.
>>
No. 639434 ID: a19cd5

voting +spunk -steam
>>
No. 639435 ID: 9297f4

Who needs smarts, when we charm the pants off of everyone?
>>
No. 639436 ID: 59295a

I second +Spunk -Steam
>>
No. 639437 ID: c51469

+Spunk, -Smarts.
Fake it until you make it, obviously.
>>
No. 639438 ID: 59295a

Fuck it, +Spunk -Smarts.
>>
No. 639441 ID: bd8b82

+spunk -smarts
>>
No. 639444 ID: 6d4595

+Spunk -Steam
>>
No. 639446 ID: 5d8647

>>639427
its obvious.
survived freak accident, chatting up the doctor: +spunk
smoking in hospital, some memory issues: -smarts
>>
No. 639464 ID: ecdd59

>>639427
+ Spunk - Steam
Luck > Force
>>
No. 639465 ID: fef726

+Spunk -Steam
>>
No. 639467 ID: a9753c

+Smarts
-Steam
>>
No. 639504 ID: 938bc6
File 143131112001.png - (112.76KB , 800x600 , ate.png )
639504

+Spunk -Smarts

Dr.Mitchell: Well... you look completly healthy to me. Commander Bradshaw is awaiting in the war room to debrief you on current situation. You been assigned a new personal quarters, it's in sector 3 room 159. My job here is done, have a nice day commander Jaxx.

Doc leaves the room.
>>
No. 639506 ID: 938bc6
File 143131120777.png - (130.18KB , 800x600 , charlist1.png )
639506

Character Unlocked
>>
No. 639514 ID: 79940c

What was that thing over the Doc's eye, anyways?

So... see if we can find our quarters, then?
>>
No. 639520 ID: 9297f4

What's with our helmet? It looks goofy as fuck.

Well, time to go to quarters and hopefully catch up with some old, new friends.
>>
No. 639539 ID: 938bc6
File 143131451668.png - (77.08KB , 800x600 , bbb.png )
639539

>What was that thing over the Doc's eye, anyways?
[It's some kind of biotech upgrade. I don't know exactly wich is it.]

>So... see if we can find our quarters, then?
[It shouldn't be much of challenge, I know this base like a plam of my hand.]

>What's with our helmet? It looks goofy as fuck.
[Still have to wear it the feild thou. Something about it being only thing that keep the enemy from frying our brains.]

>Well, time to go to quarters and hopefully catch up with some old, new friends.
[Speaking of wich. I didn't ask doc about my crew. Did they made it out in one piece? I hope so...]
>>
No. 639540 ID: 938bc6
File 143131456526.png - (77.46KB , 800x600 , 159.png )
639540

[Here it is, the room 159.]
>>
No. 639541 ID: 938bc6
File 143131459754.png - (58.83KB , 800x600 , room.png )
639541

[Looks empty.]
>>
No. 639543 ID: fef726

Is there someone on the balcony? The curtain looks like it has been pulled to the side to get at the door.
>>
No. 639545 ID: 9ddf68

think I see a letter on the nightstand next to the bed.
>>
No. 639546 ID: f4d940

>Looks empty.
A faintly ominous way of phrasing it. Make sure it IS empty?
>>
No. 639547 ID: 79940c

Check drawers, under bed. Although if these are new quarters, I guess you can't hope to find stuff you left here.

...why'd they give you new quarters just cause you had an op end badly? Unless you were out of it long enough your old quarters were reassigned?
>>
No. 639560 ID: 938bc6
File 143131720732.png - (67.20KB , 800x600 , Note.png )
639560

>A faintly ominous way of phrasing it. Make sure it IS empty?
[I'm pretty sure it is. This place has a state of the art security systems, nothing alive or dead would be unnoticed. The "Stragelove" base mostly maintained by an army of drones. I saw a few of them just outside. I know only person capable of bypassing security protocols and drones, and be stupid enough to do it just to leave a bottle of booze with a note here.]

Note:
-to jackie.-
-i'm putting this bottle on your tab so don't get too happy about it. if you have time swing by armory i have some cool shit to show you.-
-Kaz.-

>why'd they give you new quarters just cause you had an op end badly? Unless you were out of it long enough your old quarters were reassigned?
[I would assume so. Doc said I was in a coma for month after they brought me in.]
>>
No. 639561 ID: 9ddf68

whelp, booze is booze. Take the bottle with you and head on over to the armory. Take a swig whenever you feel the need.
>>
No. 639568 ID: 79940c

Booze and cigarettes. You're well on the road to recovery, here.

Take a swig.

Then I guess we swing by the armory. Unless you feel like you need to hit the mess. When did you last eat?
>>
No. 639570 ID: bb78f2

>>639560
If you were in a coma for a month, how are you moving around? You should be in physical therapy for muscle atrophy at the least.
What the fuck did that artifact explosion do to you?
>>
No. 639581 ID: 938bc6
File 143132129626.png - (74.30KB , 800x600 , swig.png )
639581

>Take a swig whenever you feel the need.
[Noted and executed] your intoxication increases along with your focus

>If you were in a coma for a month, how are you moving around? You should be in physical therapy for muscle atrophy at the least.
[Nah. A couple shots of Vitalin and I'm as good as new.]

>What the fuck did that artifact explosion do to you?
[Aside from constantly talking to myself?]

>Then I guess we swing by the armory. Unless you feel like you need to hit the mess. When did you last eat?
[Now that you mention it, I do feel kinda hungry. Mess hall should be in sector 1. And commander Bradshaw must still be waiting in the war room.]

Soo where should I head first.
A) War-room
B) Armory
C) Mess-hall
>>
No. 639582 ID: 9ddf68

>>639581
>C
food first so we're not distracted, then we can head to whoever has less patience first and go from there. Plus food will help hide the smell of alcohol on your breath.
>>
No. 639592 ID: b283c9

Go to the mess and bring the meal along with you to the armoury. Multitasking yo.
>>
No. 639612 ID: 656e8f
File 143133220917.png - (65.78KB , 600x400 , food.png )
639612

>Multitasking yo.
[then im heading to armory, with quick detour to the messhall.]
>>
No. 639613 ID: 656e8f
File 143133224513.png - (100.07KB , 600x400 , armory.png )
639613

[armory... its the only place on the base that feels like home.]

There was time when were spending all of your free time here. Watching at the titanic machines of war. It was the time when you first met head weapon master Kazinski or simply Kaz. He taught you a lot of things about this babies.
>>
No. 639614 ID: 656e8f
File 143133233738.png - (63.59KB , 600x400 , Kaz.png )
639614

Master Kaz: so... finally woke up... i'd thing you'd be tougher then this, kid.
Commader Jaxx: it's good to see you too Kaz.
>>
No. 639615 ID: bd8b82

heard you got something GOOD to show me. so lets see it.
>>
No. 639616 ID: 9ddf68

so two things
1) what did you want to talk to me about while I took a power nap and
2) got any new toys for me?
>>
No. 639642 ID: 57d76a

>>639612
Obtain stomach ache due to shrinkage.
>>
No. 639644 ID: e5d29a

>>639614
Is Kaz a dwarf? Might as well see what gifts he brings to you.
Also that outfit you are wearing. Is that standard issue? Any protections?
>>
No. 639648 ID: 88960e

Hey, I'm plenty tough. Soon as I remember what hit me, you'll get a war story that'll make a month off feel horribly inadequate. *grin*
>>
No. 639650 ID: 6c8858

>smoking in medical area
>out and about drinking booze
How did you earn the rank of commander again?
>>
No. 639658 ID: 6e32a2

>>639650
Probably disregarding rules that aren't applicable on the battlefield and/or endangering her battlemates, obviously.
>>
No. 639663 ID: 8d7db8
File 143135530321.png - (43.80KB , 600x400 , coolthing.png )
639663

Commander Jaxx: heard you got something GOOD to show me. so lets see it. And for the record, I'm plenty tough. Soon as I remember what hit me, you'll get a war story that'll make a month off feel horribly inadequate. *grin*

Master Kaz: Then you are about to love what i'm about to show you...

>Is Kaz a dwarf?
[Yes he is.]

>Also that outfit you are wearing. Is that standard issue? Any protections?
[It's a standart issue bodysuit wich used as proxy to operate all types of armor upgades. In the lame terms, its my battle underware.]

Jackie's lvl of Steam attribute allows her to wear light and medium class armor.
Jackie's lvl of Smarts attribute are too low to use tech upgrades.

>How did you earn the rank of commander again?
[By being awesome.]
>>
No. 639664 ID: 8d7db8
File 143135535506.png - (70.49KB , 600x400 , proto.png )
639664

Jackie follows Kaz into his workshop.


Master Kaz: Keep in mind that this is still untested prototype. When I was working with a new Barbatos heavy tank and its modular main cannon, I got an idea to try sizing it down to use on light assault type as well, then I did it again and again. And now what we have here is handheld modular cannon ready to dish out three types of pain. Pretty cool right.
>>
No. 639665 ID: 0207a0

IS THAT A MOFOFUCKING LITERAL HANDCANNON!?
>>
No. 639666 ID: 89941a

Well, no time to test it like the present, right?
>>
No. 639667 ID: 696535

>>639664
You had me at "handheld cannon".
>>
No. 639670 ID: 88960e

I am torn between gushing over how awesome an arm cannon is, and bemoaning the fact I won't get much chance to use it from inside a tank.
>>
No. 639672 ID: 8d7db8
File 143135679243.png - (66.45KB , 600x400 , handcannon.png )
639672

>IS THAT A MOFOFUCKING LITERAL HANDCANNON!?
[THAT IS A MOFOFUCKING LITERAL HANDCANNON!?]

Master Kaz: So I was thinking of asking you to test it in the feild...
Commander Jaxx: You had me at "handheld cannon". (drool)
Master Kaz: I take that as a yes.

>I am torn between gushing over how awesome an arm cannon is, and bemoaning the fact I won't get much chance to use it from inside a tank.
[I wouldn't worry too much about it. Sometimes girl need to get up close and presonal.]
>>
No. 639676 ID: 3526b1

Well now what? Mission time?
>>
No. 639677 ID: 9297f4

BLOW EVERYTHING THE FUCK UP.
>>
No. 639679 ID: eef211

>>639664
UNF! C-can we touch it? j-just hold it for a bit...maaaaaaybe shoot it at anything that moves?~
>>
No. 639686 ID: 88960e

Do we have a firing range to test this?

...you might want a conventional sidearm as a holdout. Just in case the experimental weapon breaks, or uses up its juice or something.
>>
No. 639687 ID: 8d7db8
File 143136073932.png - (82.25KB , 600x400 , blowup.png )
639687

>Do we have a firing range to test this?
>BLOW EVERYTHING THE FUCK UP.
>UNF! C-can we touch it? j-just hold it for a bit...maaaaaaybe shoot it at anything that moves?~

Master Kaz: Jackie! I just finished repairing my workshop!
>>
No. 639688 ID: 8d7db8
File 143136080038.png - (79.18KB , 600x400 , out.png )
639688

Guard-drone promptly "escort" you out of the armory.
>>
No. 639689 ID: 0207a0

wut nuw?
>>
No. 639690 ID: 88960e

Find something socially acceptable to blow up.

Find out if your gun can do charged shots.
>>
No. 639691 ID: bd8b82

we should probably head to the War-room
>>
No. 639693 ID: 739b70

Lick the gun. Feel the gun.

Then go do what you need to do.
>>
No. 639694 ID: 8d7db8
File 143136286994.png - (72.81KB , 600x400 , stytgh.png )
639694

>we should probably head to the War-room
[Oh... right. Totaly forgot about it.]

-In the war room-

Commander Bradshaw: You sure took your sweet time Commander Jaxx... or should I say Major Jaxx.
Major Jaxx: Whats going on Bradshaw?
Commander Bradshaw: You been demoted by council unanimous descision.
Major Jaxx: ... what was the reason?
>>
No. 639695 ID: 8d7db8
File 143136291720.png - (102.67KB , 600x400 , assault 2.png )
639695

Commander Bradshaw: Reason being utter failure of operation "Maveric" and full descimation of 3rd armored devision. You lost your army that day "commander", nobody here is gonna take second chance with you.
>>
No. 639696 ID: 82d576

Maximum spunk.
"I never was the strategist type anyway. Pity about the squad though. Send me there again, I'll do your mission solo. Oh, uh, and remind me ehat we were looking for there? I might've taken one explosion to the face too many and lost my memory a little.
Pimp jacket, by the way. Where can I get one?"
>>
No. 639698 ID: eef211

>>639696
Agreed, jacket is pimping. We therefor need one.
>>
No. 639700 ID: 88960e

I don't suppose you could remind me of the details of that particular failure? Doc wasn't big on post-sit details.

Also shrug over the demotion. If you were ordered into a meat grinder, someone has to take the fall for it, and you know damn well it won't be the brass who sent you there. You're gonna keep being awesome, though.

Do we have a new assignment or is this just gonna be a dressing down? Lemme know how awake to stay.
>>
No. 639701 ID: 89941a

You obviously can't be demoted for something you don't remember, right?
>>
No. 639703 ID: 3526b1

Hey we're just a giant pile of voices to help soooo there's that.
>>
No. 639704 ID: bd8b82

did that mission have any chance of success at all?

the fact we're demoted not fire tells me they still want us around.
>>
No. 639705 ID: e5d29a

So.. who are we fighting? Also why?
>>
No. 639728 ID: 9ddf68

so we got demoted, eh we'll be back on top sooner or later.

But seriously, what the hell happened there? I don't remember a damn thing about the mission and no one is really telling me shit.
>>
No. 639857 ID: adf4e4
File 143143143948.gif - (13.18KB , 600x400 , planet.gif )
639857

>So.. who are we fighting? Also why?
[Enemy is Legion of Madness. Forefront of interdimensional invasion...]

Mind flayers as they commonly known been encoutered before all through out the galaxy, and repelled back into their home dimension each time.
Five years ago this small planet called Korath IV was colonized by Vitacorp, giant intergalactic conglomerate.
Year after prospecting began colonists discovered dormant dimensional gates under the planet surface.
The rest of the story pretty easy to put together.
Strangelove military company is Vitacorps warfare subsidiarie. It was deployed to counteract Mad Legion.
>>
No. 639858 ID: adf4e4
File 143143152046.png - (135.79KB , 600x400 , mission.png )
639858

>But seriously, what the hell happened there?

[As soon as commander mentions operation Maveric I began to remember...]

[Goal of this mission was to contain and secure recently discovered alien artifact before the enemy could take it off world. 3rd armored divison under your command ambushed the enemy outpost where artifact was held. While main forces took the front of the attack, your personal squad flanked the enemy lines and got inside the outpost. You can't remember much after that.]

Commander Bradshaw: Soon after your squad entered the outpost, the whole structure exploded. Wave of unknown energy from the explosion "erased" everything for miles around. The only thing left untouched was outpost itself, with everything inside...

Major Jaxx: ...but that means.

Commander Bradshaw: We suspect that your team also survived the explosion. According to report from recovery team, the only thing they found was you and number of dead enemy troopers. A week ago our scouts confurmed a prisoner transfer to biggest enemy base in sector. And as we speak our forces moving towards it.
>>
No. 639862 ID: 57d76a

Clearly we must reattain commander status as soon as possible!

So I assume we're blue on the map? Doesn't seem like the best approach, they'll be flanking us almost immediately....

Anyway, what's our forces look like?
>>
No. 639865 ID: bd8b82

>>639862
we are the small arrow on the top right. sneak attack.
>>
No. 639866 ID: adf4e4
File 143143423568.png - (127.19KB , 600x400 , Map.png )
639866

>the fact we're demoted not fire tells me they still want us around.

Commander Bradshaw: Concil knows about your skills all to well. So don't expect to sit this one out Jaxx. Your new mission haven't chaged much from before. You will infiltrate the secondary enemy base, and recover the artifact along with your team, if they are still alive. In addition to that you will have to disable warp gates to cut off enemy reinforcements. And with that our main forces should be able to take on the main base and destroy "elder brain".

oopsee wrong image
>>
No. 639867 ID: 45a674

So maybe we can rescue your team. Awesome. By the way, we saw a dwarf in this army. What other races do we have in this place?
>>
No. 639868 ID: bb78f2

>>639866
"I'm ready to get my team back Commander. I got a LOT of revenging to do, and those mind flayers are gonna sense it coming"
>>
No. 639869 ID: 2a7417

Except this time we're doing it solo? No support at all?
>>
No. 639871 ID: 79940c

Right. So what assets do I get for this Op, besides my own awesomeness.
>>
No. 640304 ID: adf4e4
File 143158964324.png - (71.52KB , 700x500 , Races.png )
640304

>"I'm ready to get my team back Commander. I got a LOT of revenging to do, and those mind flayers are gonna sense it coming"

Commander Bradshaw: Good to see you in high spirit major. You will need it.

>Except this time we're doing it solo? No support at all?

Commander Bradshaw: Exactly, can't spare a single soulder, all can do is provide a ride via dropship in the vicinity of secondary base. But I belive you are resourceful type major. You'll figure something out.

>What other races do we have in this place?

[Hmm... I'm not expert in alien races. But I can tell you about ones currently residing on this base.]

1). Most of the base population consists on humans, or to be more precise cloned human commonly referd to as "Ditto's" (myself included). Only few higher ranked officers are so called "Primes" or real humans. Like Commander Duke Bradshaw or Dr. Donoma Mitchell.

2). Dwarfs like Master Kaz and his tech officers are mostly hang around the armory.

3). Vorticon mercenaries when not on the recon ground missions hang out at G&R bar in the sector 7.

4). Elfs, agents of Vitacorp almost never leave the command center at sector 1. Good for them.

5). As former high ranked commander, I know about black-ops tozol squad currently kept in the cryostasis, in the armory's vault.

6). If I'm not mistaken chef of the MP is Scellor. I never seen another Scellor exept him.

7). Aaand there is a number of Illithid corpses in the "fridge"... donno if it counts thou.
>>
No. 640305 ID: bd8b82

well they count as "an alien" but not an allied alien.

anyway, get all Kaz's things that are experimental to the point no one wants to test them. they will be tested under fine.
>>
No. 640309 ID: fef726

...
...
...

Requisition the tozol.
>>
No. 640315 ID: 9ddf68

>As former high ranked commander, I know about black-ops tozol squad currently kept in the cryostasis, in the armory's vault.
how in god's name did you get one of those?

anyways what kind of gear are you heading into this mission with. If I had to guess, your tank, and whatever else you can carry with you.
>>
No. 640323 ID: 4348da
File 143160524160.png - (47.22KB , 700x300 , no way.png )
640323

>Requisition the tozol.

Major Jaxx: Sir... if I may request dispatch of team Sigma? To assist on the mission.

Commander Bradshaw: Dispatching "Sigma" at this point would be like using bazooka to swap a fly. You got your job, do it yourself major.

Major Jaxx: Got it sir...

Commander Bradshaw: You are dismissed major. The dropship is taking off in 6 hours from deck 3. Good luck.
>>
No. 640325 ID: 4348da
File 143160530798.png - (85.89KB , 700x500 , preparation.png )
640325

>tozol squad. how in god's name did you get one of those?

[They where part of "prospectig equipment" used by first colonists. When war with Legion began they where relocated here under jurisdiction of commander Bradshaw.]

>anyways what kind of gear are you heading into this mission with.

[All my personal gear wich include: standart raygun, prototype bustergun, proxy suit.
I can get basic feild equipment in the armory. Everything else I would have to buy from Mercenary shops.]

>your tank

[No such luck, and wouldn't be able to operate one alone anyway.]
>>
No. 640327 ID: 9ddf68

>>640325
well knife and med-kit are the only to things I can think of... and maybe a radio to call for evac once you're done with your mission or find your missing crew.
>>
No. 640328 ID: 88960e

The scellor might be able to tell you how to hide your mental signature from the baddies.

Do you have any friends on base to tap? Ones that aren't in your squad and captured.
>>
No. 640329 ID: 8f01e8

How much of a budget do you have for merc gear?
>>
No. 640349 ID: 2a9886
File 143162065089.gif - (22.68KB , 171x144 , Metalrearanim.gif )
640349

What kind of self respecting military doesnt have one-man tanks?
>>
No. 640361 ID: b89158
File 143162439219.png - (96.40KB , 700x500 , preparation.png )
640361

>well knife and med-kit

[this i will be able to get with basic feildkit.]

>radio

[my helmet comes equiped with portable comm device. with it i can get in contact with: Commander Bradshaw, Dr. Mitchell and Master Kaz.]

>How much of a budget do you have for merc gear?

[i must have some leftover from the previous succesful mission... about 2000 units.]

>one-man tank

[dropship can only carry infantry personel. requesting a tank drop would attract unwanted enemy attention. and it also cost money.]
>>
No. 640362 ID: b89158
File 143162447064.png - (105.29KB , 700x500 , MP.png )
640362

>The scellor might be able to tell you how to hide your mental signature from the baddies.

[this is what goofy helmet is for. it protects against any type of psychic attacks and negates mind control.]

right now i need to use my time to prepare. i have 6 hours and 2000 units to spend.
>>
No. 640366 ID: 9ddf68

well since you have what you need, either hit the gym to see how much being in a coma for a month has effected you, or get some rest before the mission.
>>
No. 640375 ID: 89941a

Does Kaz have any sort of special ammo for that buster gun? Some HEAT, HE and incendiary rounds might prove useful for different scenarios. Perhaps some WP for area denial if you haven't outlawed that.
>>
No. 640381 ID: bd8b82

heavier armor then your jumpsuit.
>>
No. 640382 ID: e058b3

Gear upgrade!

Also, how much do mercs cost? Is that even under your jurisdiction? 'Cuz we could use a dashing rogueish figure in our party.
>>
No. 640392 ID: 6ba835

Tell us about this "proxy suit" you've been mentioning. Is it like a remote-controlled mech?
>>
No. 640401 ID: 79940c

>>640362
Explosives. What kind of sneaking or base infiltration mission doesn't involve planting charges?

Some kind of scanner that might help you locate your imprisoned squad?

...I don't suppose we could make a disguise of of those frozen baddie corpses.
>>
No. 640491 ID: 8f01e8

Lockpicks? Grappling hook? Rubber mask with fake face-tentacles that fits over your helmet and makes you look like a mind flayer, at least from a distance in bad light? Or just whatever weird crap is cheap this week. How much is 2000 credits in practical terms, anyway?
>>
No. 640497 ID: b89158
File 143166838717.png - (114.70KB , 700x500 , shop.png )
640497

>Does Kaz have any sort of special ammo for that buster gun?
[this gun, as any energy weapon, doesn't need an ammo it's need to be recharged in between missions. really convinient. i never was really good at keeping track of ammo. it has three modes of fire: standart blaster mode, ingition toaster mode, stable bouncer mode.]

>heavier armor then your jumpsuit.
[if will go with free feild kit, i would have to choose between standart light armor or medium armor. light armor provides better mobility and weakest protection, medium armor balances both.]

>Tell us about this "proxy suit" you've been mentioning.
[it's a bodysuit im currently wearing, it acts as base for any armor and tech i will equip.]

>Gear upgrade!
[i would something a bit substantial then standart feild kit. merc shop should have everything i need.]

tacking a quick elevator ride to sector 7.
shop consol lits up and presents of wide array of weaponry armor and gadgets.

[i bet a lot this stuff is illegal, but who am i to complain... right :3]

>Explosives.
Boom-dough 1 pack (300 units) [mallable explosive. could be detonated via radio transmitter.]

>scanner
Helmet visor upgrade (500 units) [helmet attatchment. allows locating nearby life signatures. (can be counterd with cloacking devices and bio upgrades).]

>Lockpicks
[Jackie's smarts attribute don't allow her to use tech above lvl2. lockpicks and any kind of hacking devices are on lvl3 and higher.]

>Grappling hook
Grappling hook (400 units)

>Rubber mask
[cloacking and disguise tech are out of my price range]

>How much is 2000 credits in practical terms, anyway?
[Not much, but if spend correctly can provide certain advantage in the feild]

stuff in the shop is divided on:
>WEAPONS
>ARMOR
>GADGETS
>DRUGS
>CYBERWARE
>>
No. 640508 ID: aeadb9

>scanner
We're looking for your old crew, this could help.
>>
No. 640524 ID: 57d76a

>>640497
Yeah the visor upgrade seems good. It does work through walls, yeah?
>>
No. 640532 ID: 0426fe

Is there anything else available in cyberware and gadgets? Ideally we want things that help make up for how dumb J.L.J. is and make it more likely she'll find what she's looking for without being spotted.
It might also help if we had a better idea what kind of enemy and enemy materiel we're likely to see so we can figure out what weapons might be even worth thinking about.
>>
No. 640539 ID: b89158
File 143167466240.png - (46.50KB , 700x500 , visors.png )
640539

You purchase helmet visor upgrade. (-500 units ===> 1500 units left)

>It does work through walls, yeah?
[one or two, yeah.]

>Is there anything else available in cyberware and gadgets?
[there are some stuff you can purchase in your price range and ability to operate.]

Gravboots [wall running]

Jetbooster upgrade [high jump, short speed boost]
>>
No. 640557 ID: 90b08b

>>640539
Grab both. Using the grav boots and jet boosters together can only lead to amazing things.
>>
No. 640570 ID: 9ddf68

do you even know how to use either of those things? If not put them on your wish list and move on. Once we have some more cash to piss away and some free time to get the hang of the things we buy we can come back and grab them but for now I say leave them unless you know how to use them.
>>
No. 640582 ID: 88960e

>>640539
How much do those cost?

Between the two I'd favor the grav boots.

Also think we should get the explosives. They're not too pricey and I'm sure something will need blowing up.
>>
No. 640593 ID: b89158
File 143169975644.png - (84.16KB , 700x500 , GnR.png )
640593

>do you even know how to use either of those things?
[ehhmm... i mean... hard it can be, one thing makes vrooom other makes p-chooo.]

>put them on your wish list and move on.
[yeah its better to consider all the options, before i buy frist stuff i see.]

>Also think we should get the explosives.
[i will make a mental note to get them if nothing better comes along.]

>Also, how much do mercs cost?
[i doubt i will able to find a merc willing to work just for 1500 units. i would have to sweeten the deal with % of possible loot from the mission or some other kind of payment.]

And as far as finding the guns for hire there is no better place on the base as bar Guns&Roses. Place where you can drink and gamble all that hard earned units.
>>
No. 640595 ID: fef726

Check out the dancer girl.
>>
No. 640596 ID: 9297f4

BOOOOOOOOObZZZEEEE

Time to drink our cares away.
>>
No. 640601 ID: b89158
File 143170205065.png - (96.07KB , 700x500 , face.png )
640601

>Check out the dancer girl.
>Time to drink our cares away.
[Multitasking yo.]

-50 units ===> 1450 units left.
5hr30min left until the mission.

[it's funny thing about being a ditto on a base like this... eventually you will end up staring at your own ass. its like a life of constant "what if's"... is it booze getting to me, or her boobs looks bigger than mine.]
>>
No. 640602 ID: 9297f4

They do look bigger. But you have tasty, tasty, abs.

Anyways, let's see what our merc options are.
>>
No. 640604 ID: 88960e

>is it booze getting to me, or her boobs looks bigger than mine.
There is one way to find out for sure.

Plus you got a month long dry spell to make up for, and tradition before heading out on a death defying mission.

>gambling
I don't suppose you're any good at making money at a table? High spunk means you should be good at working the people, even if your head isn't so much in the numbers.
>>
No. 640619 ID: b89158
File 143170664353.gif - (94.88KB , 700x500 , mercs.gif )
640619

>I don't suppose you're any good at making money at a table?
[on the opposite, im pretty good at it.]

>Anyways, let's see what our merc options are.

Jackie sizes up customers, and after getting some pointers from barmen, zeroes in on 5 potential hired guns.

1) "Quicksand" (human/cyborg-female) former bounty hunter. speciality: recon, sniper.
gear: B class custom sniper rifle, light armor + 2lvl cammo upgrade.

2) "Saint" (human/cyborg-male) former drop infantry captain. speciality: assault, cqc.
gear: standart machine-gun, medium armor.

3) "Fuse" (human-female) explosive and pyro expert. speciality: explosives, flamethrower.
gear: flamethrower, medium armor + fire resistance upgrade.

4) "Vi" (vorticon-female) heavy type slugger. speciality: cqc, BIG weapons.
gear: battle axe + jetbooster upgrade, heavy armor.

5) "Jenga" (vorticon-male) scout. speciality: recon, two-hands.
gear: 2xlight machine-gun, medium armor.

[with units i have, i could only hire one. it would cost 1000 units upfront and 50% of spoils we get after mission is over.]

>...month long dry spell to make up for...
[only after all preparations for mission are complete.]
>>
No. 640620 ID: 9297f4

We need some one that can cover what skills we don't have. What's the best we can do, the second best, our worst thing, and our second worst thing?
>>
No. 640623 ID: 89941a

Balanced team? Pfft, double LMG's? That's like something out of an old action movie, hire that fella.

Also did you replenish focus by essentially staring at your own ass?
>>
No. 640630 ID: 88960e

Well, we're an in your face blaster. The sniper with stealth gear seems a good compliment to that. Support and sneaking around when you need it.

I'd go for 1.

>50% spoils
Just to be clear, rescued squadmates are not spoils.

It occurs to me our buddies might be locked up, restrained, and/or injured. Any of the mercs have any skills in bypassing locks or being a medic? (Although we have an energy weapon. We can blast locks, probably).

Will the Merc need a silly helmet so the baddies don't hear their brain coming?

>pretty good at gambling
Might want to earn a little extra cash once we've covered essentials.

>after
Duty first.
>>
No. 640631 ID: 2a7417

Hire Fuse. Inside the base, area control and entrance making will be useful, especially given our lack of close range options. Also, subtlety isn't really our forte.
What explosives does she come equipped with? If nothing, we can at least grab a pack of boom-dough for her.
>>
No. 640646 ID: cbc9e6

Fuse sounds like a good companion for this mission.
>>
No. 640832 ID: b89158
File 143176450980.png - (76.03KB , 700x500 , fuse.png )
640832

>Just to be clear, rescued squadmates are not spoils.
[of course the aren't.]

>Also did you replenish focus by essentially staring at your own ass?
[...maybe.]

>Any of the mercs have any skills in bypassing locks or being a medic?
[as far as i know none of them have hacking or medic skills.]

>Will the Merc need a silly helmet so the baddies don't hear their brain coming?
[Mercs have their own helmets]

Quicksand - *
Fuse - **
Jenga - *

[not really decisive difference in votes... should i reall go with Fuse?]

A). Yes
B). No
>>
No. 640834 ID: 3d59b2

Yes
>>
No. 640842 ID: bd8b82

sure.


also, clones have the same genes but hormonal cocktails when growing can change apperence. a little extra estrogen in the vat, and viola, bigger boobs.
>>
No. 640844 ID: b89158
File 143177051531.png - (115.77KB , 800x600 , charlist2.png )
640844

Fuse: pleasure to work with you major.

-1000 units ===> 450 units left.

[New character unlocked]
>>
No. 640848 ID: cbc9e6

"How do you feel about a rescue op in a post-catastrophe, potentially hazardous area controlled by squidheads?"
>>
No. 640850 ID: bd8b82

fill up your gas an meet me at [location of dropship taking us out] in about 5 and a half hours.
>>
No. 640869 ID: 3d59b2

Hey we got a person with a flammenwerfer. Now tell her to call you panzer fuhrer
>>
No. 640903 ID: 79940c

>looks over party stats
Well we're fine so long as we never need smarts.

>new party member
Explain the basic details of the opp (rescue, hitting enemy base, etc). Arrange to meet at the drop site, or for her to be dropped in with you (dunno if our guys are gonna be willing to transport mercs).

Then high five and give her time to make whatever her preparations are.

>what do
Go gamble to earn a bit more spending money. Then we buy the last of our supplies.

Then we blow time investigating boob sizes and getting over the dry spell before reporting for duty.

...oh, also, we need to go back to base and pick up our essential gear and our armor at some point.
>>
No. 641048 ID: c0745e
File 143187620485.png - (93.12KB , 700x500 , poker.png )
641048

rolled 2 + 1 = 3

[Jackie's starting hand]

After quickly briefing of a new teammate, you decide to spend some time gambling. Luck was always on your side, and you see no reason not to take advantage of it.

Vorticons are always welcome a new player on their table. Your opponents are Vi and Jenga.

Rules:
- each round starts with a roll of 6-dice it will determine starting hand.
(1-2 weak, 3-4 medium, 5-6 strong)
- after this palyer must choose to ether: raise, call, fold or bluff.
- if player chooses raise, stakes are doubled and opponents gain +0.5 to their rolls.
- if player chooses call, 6-dice rolled to determine opponents hand
(1-2 weak, 3-4 medium, 5-6 strong) + (active modifier)
higher number wins.
- if player chooses fold, she forfeit her bet in the current pot, but gains +1 to the next round
- if player chooses bluff, player must roll 6 to succeed in forcing 1 opponent to fold. If unsuccesful opponent gain +2 to their rolls.
- player can't raise past amount of units she has.
- opening bet is 50 units.
- 1 game continues for 6 rounds.
- leaving the table only allowed between games.

[Jackie's high spunk attribute gains her +1 to all her rolls and -1 to all opponents rolls.]

[Suggestions must start with a letters R,C,F or B : R - for raise; C - for call; F - for fold; B - for bluff. You can talk during the game with other players or yourself.]


===> Bet - 50 units
===> Current pot 150 units
>>
No. 641052 ID: bd8b82

bluff. we got dem charms.
>>
No. 641060 ID: 79940c

Bluff!

Have you played with these guys before- have they seen your tricks?
>>
No. 641062 ID: c0745e
File 143188019965.png - (95.20KB , 700x500 , poker 2.png )
641062

[Jackie attempts to bluff her way through]

rolled 3+1=4

[nether Jenga nor Vi buy it...]

Jenga: Oh Vi this is gonna be too easy

===> Jenga gets +2 to his roll
===> Bet - 50
===> Current pot - 150 units

[you cant bluff twice on one turn]
>>
No. 641077 ID: dbb0f9

Fold you're not winning this hand.
>>
No. 641080 ID: 79940c

Jenga gets plus 2 on what roll? The base hand, or the bluff check?

If the later, we can still reasonably call. If the former, folding might be better.
>>
No. 641118 ID: c0745e
File 143191015313.png - (94.54KB , 700x500 , poker 3.png )
641118

>Jenga gets plus 2 on what roll?
[all of his rolls. enemy doesn't do bluff check. with your spunk stat you must roll 6 or 5 to succeed.]

[You decide to fold. +1 to your starting hand roll in the next round. Folding +1 doesn't stack]

===> 50 units lost. 400 units left

Round 2

[When new round starts all opponents dice rolls returns to default, wich right now x-1]

Starting hand rolled 2+2=4

===> Bet - 50
===> Current pot - 150 units
>>
No. 641121 ID: bd8b82

call.
>>
No. 641137 ID: c0745e
File 143192032690.png - (59.66KB , 700x300 , call.png )
641137

Jackie calls.

===> Vi rolled 2-1=1 (looses)
===> Jenga rolled 6-1=5 (wins)

Jenga wins second round.
[Wow, today is really not my day.]

Jenga: keep it up pub, and i will afford myself a new shiny lmg's.

===> 50 units lost. 350 units left

Round 3

Starting hand rolled 3+1=4

===> Bet - 50
===> Current pot - 150 units
>>
No. 641138 ID: 78a595

Wait, we rolled 4, plus 1. That's five. That ties Jenga. Why'd he win?

>Round 3
Bluff?
>>
No. 641140 ID: c22069

Call, also shoot the breeze with Jenga and Vi, ask what have they been up to lately.

>>641138
we rolled a 2 with [+2] from charm & fold, for a total of 4.
>>
No. 641141 ID: e2a92b

>>641138
We rolled a stanky 2, plus 1 from spunk, plus 1 from folding last time.
Heh, if he gets that shiny new machine gun I wanna see it in action sometime, since we helped pay for it and all.

Bluff for now. Should our fortune not improve, we should stop at 300 creds.
>>
No. 641142 ID: c0745e
File 143192523542.png - (48.88KB , 700x300 , fold.png )
641142

Jackie shoots up a breeze with Jenga and Vi.
She learns about previous exploits of the duo. As it turns out they are brother and sister. During the Shikadi wars they were part of Vorticon drop infantry and made their way through many battlefeilds. After fall of Solar alliance, both of them became mercenaries, seeking their fortune among the stars.

[Jackie to bluff her way through.]

rolled 6+1 (success.)

===> Vi folds

Vi: nope... sitting this one out.

Jenga: oh don't be such a party pooper Vi, we just getting started.

Jenga rises to 100

1) Accept
2) Fold
>>
No. 641143 ID: fef726

accept
>>
No. 641146 ID: c0745e
File 143192595054.png - (87.11KB , 700x500 , poker 4.png )
641146

Jackie accepts and raises to 100

===> bet 100
===> current pot 350
>>
No. 641148 ID: e2a92b

Ours is not to question why, ours is but to match the bet!
>>
No. 641150 ID: 78a595

All in!

Trust to luck and spunk to win back our losses.
>>
No. 641151 ID: fef726

Just don't bet more then you have. That sets a bad precedent.
>>
No. 641179 ID: c0745e
File 143193669572.png - (66.29KB , 700x500 , alln.png )
641179

>All in!
[what the hell. risk comes from not knowing what you're doing! and i'm the best when it comes to that!]

you raise the bet, Jenga gets +0.5 to his roll

===> bet - 350

Jenga: oh! getting cocky aren't we. sure im taking you on!

===> current pot - 750

Jenga rolls 3-0.5=2.5

you win 750 units.

Vi: told ja little brother. you never was good at quitting while ahead.

Round 4

starting hand 3+1=4

===> Bet - 50
===> Current pot - 150 units
>>
No. 641180 ID: 9ddf68

bet
>>
No. 641192 ID: 88960e

Playful ribbing. You should listen to your sis!

>quit while ahead
We should probably do that soon, though it would be polite to play this hand through.

Bluff?
>>
No. 641194 ID: fef726

I agree, quit after this hand, win or lose. We still have to compare breasts after all.
>>
No. 641203 ID: ecf1a3

I say quit after this round as well.
We should also get these vorticons contact info. They seem pretty badass.
>>
No. 641204 ID: d3be40

Wouldn't be nice to quit, but you got lucky. No sense throwing away cash when your credits count.

Instead, purchase information and supplies using all of your remaining money. Mercs might have access to supply channels that offer different deals than what your base gets.
>>
No. 641209 ID: c0745e
File 143197030112.png - (84.04KB , 700x400 , vorta.png )
641209

>quit
[you can't quit until you played all 6 rounds... but seeing how we are loosing way too much time with this, fast-forward is in order.]

Round 4

Jenga rolls 3-1=2
Vi rolls 2-1=1

Jackie wins 150 units

Round 5

Starting hand 1+1=2

Jenga rolls 3-1=2
Vi rolls 6-1=5

Vi wins 150 units

Vi: better luck next time little brother.

Round 6

Starting hand 3+1=4

Jenga rolls 1-1=0
Vi rolls 4-1=3

Jackie wins 150 units

===> Total win 1000 units (not too shabby)

Vorticons grown quite fond of you. They invite you to hang out for a few of hours.

4:30 left

A) Accept [-3 hours]
B) Decline ===> do something else
>>
No. 641213 ID: 3d59b2

Go mingle and with the rest of your time get some supplies for your inevitable mass bombing of awesomeness.
>>
No. 641217 ID: 88960e

Okay, 4 and a half hours left.

If we hang with the siblings, we still got 1 and a half hours to buy some explosives and grav boots, and to compare sizes / break the dry spell.

Sure, go for it. Engage spunk.
>>
No. 641219 ID: 57d76a

>>641209
"Sorry, I've got a mission to prepare for, but some other time."
>>
No. 641221 ID: d3be40

Buy some more upgrades.
>>
No. 641223 ID: 89941a

Decline.

You've got stuff to do, like what
>>641194
said.
>>
No. 641225 ID: 2a7417

Heck yeah, hang with the mercs!
>>
No. 641227 ID: ecf1a3

I say go for it. Hang out with them. Nothing wrong with making some friends.
>>
No. 641231 ID: fef726

Decline.

After the mission?
>>
No. 641237 ID: bd8b82

do we really have anything else do to? don't think so.
>>
No. 641284 ID: 79afeb

Dude, tell them about the mission and ask them what their advice is! If you can get them to tell you to hurry off, or give you help, that's what we're after.
>>
No. 641292 ID: 9ddf68

unless you can think of anything else you need to do in the next 4 hours before you head out I say go for it. Just don't drink to much as you do not what to go into combat drunk because even if you succeed if your superiors find out you'll be in a world of hurt.
>>
No. 641295 ID: 5d4fc9

accept

propose a second game, this time strip varient
>>
No. 641307 ID: 28458d

Yes to chilling out with the Vorticons.
>>
No. 641349 ID: c22069

Accept their offer to hang out for a bit.

Treat them to a few drinks, after plying them with booze use your charm to see if they know any juicy rumors or lucrative missions you guys could team up for later.
>>
No. 641414 ID: 28da13
File 143201639193.png - (85.71KB , 700x500 , funtime.png )
641414

>Treat them to a few drinks
[-100 units]

Major Jaxx: well... what are we waiting for? LETS HAVE SOME FUN!!! soo what are you two usually do let some steam out. shooting range? training arena?

Two vorticons exchange mischievous looks...

Vi: you do have presonal quarters right?

Major Jaxx: yeah... what about it?

[...]
>>
No. 641415 ID: 28da13
File 143201644633.png - (122.84KB , 700x500 , limitbreak.png )
641415

3 hours later~

==> dry spell is broken
==> libido -limit break- is charged up
==> new skill unlocked - Vorticon Vigor
==> new contact info added to commlink
-Vi
-Jenga
>>
No. 641424 ID: bd8b82

the heck does a limit break do? anyway, let's suit up, get to the mission start room, area place. and talk tac with fuse
>>
No. 641435 ID: b283c9

You have 90 minutes left to sober up and regain your focus. Get to it Major.
>>
No. 641442 ID: e0c514

>>641435
Plenty of time. We are a badass.
Anyway, but yeah. Time to focus up and get ready. Also pet Vorticons and promise to call them when you get back with your team.
>>
No. 641443 ID: 9ddf68

well fun times are done now, time to get ready for the mission. Remember you might have a chance to save some of your guys, so get serious. We can have some more fun after we make it back. Oh and try to find that merc you hired to see if she's ready.
>>
No. 641447 ID: 88960e

Xenophilia and threesome with siblings. Nice.

Guess we'll save the clone-sex achievement for another day. (Although, odds are, you've already earned it, ditto girl).

What's our new skill do?

>what do
After extricating yourself, back to shopping. (If the 'vorts need to sleep it off, they can. You're not gonna need your quarters for a bit).

...slap one of their asses on the way out.

I think we want explosives, the grav boots, and the speed boost. We're gonna be all running and jumping and blasting people from walls.

Combine with light armor for better speed and to flaunt our spunk.
>>
No. 641465 ID: 2a7417

This gear list seems reasonable, except I would equip the medium armor for more protection. Speed doesn't make us invincible, especially in tight quarters, and the speed booster should take care of the need to go-fast.
>>
No. 641471 ID: 5d4fc9

see if you can use your winnings to hire Vi and jenga
>>
No. 641501 ID: 696535

>>641415
Cuddle with them for a bit, maybe pet them.
Then go get some coffee...

You champ, you.
>>
No. 641516 ID: c42b22

>>641471
It's a bit soon to be asking them for a favor like that. One thousand only bought a merc with the promise of half the loot.
>>
No. 641518 ID: c42b22

>>641471
It's a bit soon to be asking them for a favor like that. A grand only bought one merc with the promise of half the loot.
>>
No. 641534 ID: 0df2ab

Drink coffee and take a shower to sober up.
>>
No. 641671 ID: 28da13
File 143213617069.png - (88.70KB , 700x500 , timetogo.png )
641671

>pet Vorticons and promise to call them when you get back with your team.

Vi: Good luck with your mission major.

Jackie gathers up her gear and moves out.
>>
No. 641672 ID: 28da13
File 143213620343.png - (95.67KB , 700x500 , coffee_break.png )
641672

>Time to focus up and get ready.
>sober up and regain your focus.
>Then go get some coffee...
>Drink coffee
[some of the focus was restored, some of intoxication is lost.]

>the heck does a limit break do?

special moves wich, when used in certain situation, can shifts scales in your favor. effects can vary depending on circumstances and state of character. there in total 5 types of limit breaks corresponding to each existing break meter:
-Focus
-Intoxication
-Libido
-Spite
-Righteousness

>What's our new skill do?

Vorticon Vigor once used it will temporary booste Jackie's endurance and strenght.
[if skill is lvl'd up it will unlock next skill on the same branch.]
>>
No. 641673 ID: 28da13
File 143213653386.png - (100.11KB , 700x500 , mission 3.png )
641673

>explosives, the grav boots, and the speed boost.

1 quick shopping spree later~

Items purchased: 1 pack of Boom-dough, Gravboots.
[200 units left (not enough to buy jetbooster)]

[All set and done. Designated drop-ship takes off into Korathian skies.]
>>
No. 641674 ID: 28da13
File 143213658841.png - (56.60KB , 700x500 , drop .png )
641674

>>
No. 641675 ID: 28da13
File 143213661593.png - (76.88KB , 700x500 , landing.png )
641675

>>
No. 641677 ID: bd8b82

sneaking mission at first. then when spotted it becomes a running mission, then a killing mission.
>>
No. 641680 ID: 88960e

Is commander slap greyed out because we're no longer a Commander, or because we don't have a command to slap around?

Did we grab the medium or light armor?

>what do
Look around, see if your entrance was made.
>>
No. 641681 ID: ef2b4b

Thats some nice dropping there.
Begin 'Operation: Rescue the heck out of your team so we can go play strip poker with the vorticons.'
First establish quick perimiter check. Make sure no one spotted that landing of yours.
>>
No. 641698 ID: 2a7417

Take cover behind the nearby ridge. We should make sure the coast is clear before moving across that open space.
We took the medium armor, right?
>>
No. 641702 ID: 89941a

Only one level in the Commander branch? How short was your position as commander?
>>
No. 641703 ID: 57d76a

>>641680
Or is it just because our Spite (or righteousness? or intoxication?) isn't full?
>>
No. 641712 ID: 9ddf68

you got boots on the ground. Get ready to head towards your objective and keep an eye out for your men. It's just the two of you.

Speaking of which what armor did you get from the armory and what other weapon do you have other then the hand cannon that you got from your dwarven friend?
>>
No. 641751 ID: 39d5a4

I suppose Jaxx was so lucky not to get spotted, that's what Spunk is all about isn't it?
>>
No. 642633 ID: 963ca2
File 143247034392.png - (157.61KB , 700x500 , mission starts.png )
642633

Jackie and Fuse exit their drop-pods.

Enemy base is appears to be in 2 klick to the west. Lifeless terrain without much cover beside cliffs and hills.

>Is commander slap greyed out because we're no longer a Commander
[exactly]

>How short was your position as commander?
[i was promoted to a commander rank at the end of Shikadi war, by arch commander Johnson. so it was about 5 years give or take.]

>Did we grab the medium or light armor?
[i took the medium one]

>First establish quick perimiter check. Make sure no one spotted that landing of yours.
[looks like your landing was a complete success]

>do you have other then the hand cannon that you got from your dwarven friend?
[i have my standart ussue raygun. it's a peashooter compared to prototype... man i really need to come up with some better name for this baby.]
>>
No. 642635 ID: 963ca2
File 143247041569.png - (192.81KB , 900x900 , map.png )
642635

>sneaking mission at first.
[we take cover under nearby ridge.i see two possible ways to approach the fortress on foot...]

A) we wait until the sunset and move in shadow casted by mountaib side. [-2 hour]
B) we move out now and cross the mountain side and take a longer route with entry point in far east wing of the base.
C) ...or we can just run out in the open and die in the flame of glory.
>>
No. 642636 ID: 90b08b

Go east. The longer you're in the same place the higher the chance you'll get found.
>>
No. 642637 ID: fef726

Lets go with B. They'll probably have patrols there, and it will be a hard trek, but you both have the stuff to do it. Your Gravboots will even help with the steeper inclines.
>>
No. 642640 ID: c9eff2

I say B. Move in now carefully. Every hour we wait is another hour your team is in captivity.
Also make a mental note to perform sexy pose over vanquished enemies when givin the chance.
>>
No. 642654 ID: 78a595

B.

Be sure to test those grav boots on the ridge, before we need them in combat. Get used to the new range of motion.

>man i really need to come up with some better name for this baby
The peashooter or the prototype?
>>
No. 642664 ID: 39d5a4

Take the jolly route that gives you time to get used to the physical characteristics of Korath IV again.
>>
No. 642727 ID: e2a92b

Gee, choice C sounds oddly appealing.

Actually, I'd go with A. Keep an eye on the base, see if they're moving anything in or out.
>>
No. 642730 ID: 9ddf68

B)

time is a factor but so is not getting shot.
>>
No. 642777 ID: d3be40

B

You're here. Even if you go with plan A, you might as well spend those two hours casing the joint.
>>
No. 642949 ID: 963ca2
File 143253764278.png - (121.82KB , 800x600 , across .png )
642949

[so plan B it is.]

Jackie and Fuse take a longer path while being well hidden from enemy.
>>
No. 642950 ID: 963ca2
File 143253769499.png - (103.90KB , 800x600 , map 2.png )
642950

Duo approaches far east wing of enemy base.

Ilithid's have a very convoluted way to plan the layout of their bases, scientists explain it by difference in structure of dimensional planes here and in their home dimension.
>>
No. 642951 ID: 963ca2
File 143253775768.png - (66.04KB , 800x600 , door .png )
642951

Two guards can be seen next to the side entry.
[light arms, medium armor. We are far enough form local elder brain, so if we take these two out, alarm shouldn't be triggered, i guess...]

will possible switch to a simplier style for some parts...
>>
No. 642952 ID: 9ddf68

how quite are your weapons, as in the both of you? Because if nether of you have silent weapons I think the best course of action would be to try and get the two guards closer and have your friendly pyromaniac fry both of them.
>>
No. 642954 ID: bd8b82

need to kill both at the same time. your protogun should be able to kill one easy enough on a hit, but you can't shoot both at once. unless you are just that good.
>>
No. 642960 ID: d3be40

Make a small plan on how to take down these two; nothing serious, less than seven prerogatives.

Keep one alive to give you the door password. Then give them extensive brain damage. Via their reproductive organs.
>>
No. 642989 ID: 963ca2
File 143256108740.png - (110.94KB , 600x400 , arms.png )
642989

how quite are your weapons, as in the both of you?
[I got my standard issue ray-gun and prototype. fuse has custom fist-flamethrower and standart light assault rifle. beside firearms we'v got 2 packs of boom-dough and one knife each.]

>Make a small plan on how to take down these two
>Keep one alive to give you the door password.
[I will deal with one using neural stun setting on my ray-gun. Fuse will flank them and deal with second one.]
>>
No. 642990 ID: 963ca2
File 143256111327.png - (63.10KB , 600x400 , one.png )
642990

>>
No. 642992 ID: 963ca2
File 143256114650.png - (87.19KB , 600x400 , two.png )
642992

>>
No. 642993 ID: 963ca2
File 143256125251.png - (51.96KB , 600x400 , fs.png )
642993

[hmmm... nothing beats nice smell of fried squid in the morning...]
>>
No. 642995 ID: 4b66a4

Okay... Time to interrogate the Cthulhu reject
>>
No. 643001 ID: 963ca2
File 143256347675.png - (118.36KB , 600x400 , interrogate.png )
643001

>Okay... Time to interrogate the Cthulhu reject

[As per usual interrogating this no easy task. They don't do omnispeak or any other common galactic language.]

Jackie attaches one of her mind-chips on "rejects" helmet.

Jackie: now let see... what you'r hiding squidface. :3

===> starting mind-dive.

===> select a topic...

[by using a mind-chip Jackie can interrogate/communicate with ilithids. success of such action depends on lvl of smarts.]

[mind-dive starts with lvl1 where all common/unimportant information is stored, diving deeper allows to obtain classified information, from lvl2, lvl3... and so on.]

[each dive attempt hold risk of mental backlash wich will fry brain of interrogatee and knock interrogator unconcious.]
>>
No. 643007 ID: 4b66a4

Opening the door
>>
No. 643009 ID: c9eff2

Lets start simple. How do we open the door? Alo might as well rifle their pockets for any useful loot..er..intel.
If it safe maybe delve deeper. Patrol routes.. prisoners..useful intel.
>>
No. 643011 ID: 963ca2
File 143256723279.png - (116.64KB , 600x400 , interrogate2.png )
643011

>Lets start simple. How do we open the door?

Jackie gets a set of codes for lvl1 security doors.

Jackie: thank you. that will do.

>If it safe maybe delve deeper. Patrol routes.. prisoners..useful intel.

[with jackie's lvl of smarts attribute it has its risks.]

Should you try diving deeper?

A) yes
B) no
>>
No. 643018 ID: 4b66a4

Eh why not.
>>
No. 643022 ID: 334db2

Let's not push our luck on this one.
>>
No. 643023 ID: 62a84f

We don't have the mental strength for this. Know when to stop.
>>
No. 643028 ID: 164c83

Go up to our limits of what we're pretty sure we can do safely and quickly: We're under time pressure but we will have to do this later to gain more info so getting better at it through experience is a must.
>>
No. 643029 ID: 9297f4

Let's not.
>>
No. 643038 ID: e2a92b

Negative. Punch out of this mind-dive.
>>
No. 643044 ID: fbc59e

Nah, commence face-punching.
>>
No. 643064 ID: 78a595

You got the codes in. Punch his face in.

...or. Maybe it would be easier to grab intel about that surprise bunch of prisoners they grabbed? That's an unusual occurrence, so it might be closer to the surface, something he thought about.
>>
No. 643109 ID: 9ddf68

nah, we got the key, the rest we can figure out on our own. Besides it's no fun if you know where everything is. Takes away that exploration feel of the unknown. Plus we can just grab some other squid if we really need to download a map of the place.

Oh and wasn't this mission meant to take place during a frontal assault by your side's army? How's that doing?
>>
No. 643133 ID: e0c514

Eh, I say no. Let fuse set his face tendrils on fire.
>>
No. 643134 ID: 1f3797

>>643001
Mission log updated: investigate the heart

>>643011
B) let's not have Fuse drag us along on hostile territory.
>>
No. 644488 ID: 138843
File 143317180801.png - (88.79KB , 600x400 , p063.png )
644488

[yeah... i never was much good at these mind-diving stuff.]

Major Jaxx: got some door codes. we are good to go.

Fuse: got any info no whereabouts of your team sir?

Major Jaxx: no... ether this info is well secured, or he didn't know anything about them.
>>
No. 644489 ID: 138843
File 143317182967.png - (84.16KB , 600x400 , p064.png )
644489

By using codes you enter outer wall of enemy base. Network of dimly lighted hallways are like big maze.
You have no idea where prisoners held. Walking around aimlessly will lead you right into tendrils of one of the patrols.
>>
No. 644491 ID: 9ddf68

well the way I see it is we can move slowly forward, remember where you've been, and try to sneak up on a squid or patrol and hit them like you did the guards outside and see what you can't pull off of them. That or find somewhere for the two of you to ambush a patrol if you don't like you chances of finding someone before they find you. Though if you do chose the second option the two of you will have to find somewhere that the two of you can easily hide without being spotted right away.
>>
No. 644493 ID: 2a7417

The lights on the ceiling may be paths to different sectors, if they're continuous. Otherwise, just stay frosty and look for a room with a terminal or something.
>>
No. 644494 ID: 88960e

You might be able to follow the lights / power conduits in the ceiling to a generator or a control hub (head for greater density in the lines). Either might be a good target of opportunity, and might have the resources to show you where prisoners are kept.

Only drawback is both those locations would be guarded.
>>
No. 646020 ID: 64f631
File 143350276501.png - (88.53KB , 600x400 , core.png )
646020

>You might be able to follow the lights / power conduits in the ceiling to a generator or a control hub

by following glowing tubes to the source, Jackie and Fuse approach possible location of the control-room.

[this place looks important... but i only see one guard.]

Fuse brings your attention to the automated turret, mounted just above the doorway. [this is gonna be a problem...]
>>
No. 646036 ID: bd8b82

think making some ruckus now will be okay. charge gun as much as you can and blow out the turret first. fuse rushes the guard.
>>
No. 646104 ID: 64f631
File 143350653957.png - (107.72KB , 600x400 , charge.png )
646104

>charge gun as much as you can and blow out the turret first. fuse rushes the guard.

Jackie charges up the prototype...
as charge reaches its peak, both Jackie and Fuse jump out of the corner, taking shots at their respective targets.
>>
No. 646105 ID: 64f631
File 143350655504.png - (67.82KB , 600x400 , boom.png )
646105

BOOOOM!!!
>>
No. 646107 ID: 64f631
File 143350667969.png - (87.05KB , 600x400 , core exp.png )
646107

[i think... it was a bit overkill.]

emergency siren and lights been triggered.

control room was destroyed.
>>
No. 646119 ID: 9ddf68

...is there anything pass the room or is it just a slag heap now? Because if their's a hallway or room behind it with other exits you can see I say into the breach, if not the two of you may want to find somewhere else to be.
>>
No. 646120 ID: bd8b82

sure don't make control rooms like they used to. uhhh... anything left in there? if not then run.
>>
No. 646139 ID: 60700b

Guess we can check off the full power field test of that gun, wonder if it has any more shots left.
>>
No. 646140 ID: 60700b

>>646139
I mean hand-cannon.
>>
No. 646159 ID: 88960e

Swoon over your weapon and then run away.

Oh well. No Intel, but with the control room destroyed, they should have a hard time coordinating a response.
>>
No. 646163 ID: 64f631
File 143350882107.png - (77.30KB , 600x400 , avoid.png )
646163

>...is there anything pass the room or is it just a slag heap now?

whatever there was, useful or otherwise, is now gone.

[guard are gonna be here any minute now, and the whole base is now on high alert, moving around unseen would be tough.]

>Oh well. No Intel, but with the control room destroyed, they should have a hard time coordinating a response.
[it would buy us some time... but not too much.]

>Guess we can check off the full power field test of that gun
[this thing is seem to be overheated right now its need to cool-down for a bit.]

Fuse: boss... if we don't do something they will eventually corner us.

[any bright ideas would be pretty welcomed right now.]
>>
No. 646171 ID: 9ddf68

well best thing to do would to be to put as much distance between the newest hole in the wall as you can. If you can find a small room to duck off and hide in that would be useful as well. they're out in force now so it's going to be harder to find one alone and try to download a map off his mind but if you can find somewhere to hide it will at least buy you some time.
>>
No. 646326 ID: bd8b82

follow them backwards, where are they coming from? find the barracks or whatever it is and you may find a nearly empty room.
>>
No. 646328 ID: 3c17ca

>>646163
Diversions! Diversions everywhere but near you.

Remote detonate/ timed explosions, set fires, overload the power grid, and fill the air with smoke. cause havoc.

Escape into access corridors, or air vents, if those are not available, try your best to wear the uniform of the enemy, and stuff some rags near your face for a tentacle approximation.
>>
No. 646332 ID: 88960e

I'd suggest killing a squad before they corner you, but combat is a bad idea before your gun has cooled off.

A diversionary explosion and/or fire while you flee is good.
>>
No. 646333 ID: 0fc976

>>646332
Find something that looks important to the base's power supplies to be the explosive distraction.
Also, those troops could be coming from the barracks, or from the warp gates. It would make sense to have them nearby at the very least. Try to head unnoticed in the direction soldiers are coming from, down a parallel passage perhaps.
>>
No. 646453 ID: d4a543

Need more intel. Sneak up behind a group that's on the move and grab the last one, they'll probably have a map of the place fresh in their mind.
>>
No. 646606 ID: 64f631
File 143359953686.png - (101.43KB , 600x400 , plan.png )
646606

>Diversions! Diversions everywhere but near you.
[that could be a good plan for now.]

Major Jaxx: Fuse. time to setup some of your explosives. we might need a distraction if things go haywire.
Fuse: got it boss.

[1/2 of boom-dough randomly planted in this sector.]

>Escape into access corridors, or air vents
[this things here filled with discharged plasma and cannot be entered.]

>Find something that looks important to the base's power supplies to be the explosive distraction.
[that thing would probably be in the near proximity of portal itself, wich is located at the center of the base.]

>Need more intel. Sneak up behind a group that's on the move and grab the last one, they'll probably have a map of the place fresh in their mind.

Jackie nabs one from passing trooper-squad.
>>
No. 646607 ID: 64f631
File 143359955379.png - (79.66KB , 600x400 , map.png )
646607

===> base map extracted...

[well now at least i can more or less navigate in this maze.]
>>
No. 646612 ID: 334db2

Alright, it looks like most opposition will be coming from the barracks. I think we can circumnavigate that and move straight to our secondary target.
>>
No. 646613 ID: e0c514

Well. My best guess is that the barracks are empty since all the soldiers are running about. Cut through there. See if you can procure some weapons and head towards the prison to rescue your team mates.
>>
No. 646616 ID: d6f836

Barracks then, armory must be there too, might find something handy.
>>
No. 646619 ID: ab7529

Right, let's get to the prison. Avoid the barracks. If we can get our people out, maybe they can help.
>>
No. 646638 ID: e0c514

By the way, can we actually use any weapons procured from the enemy troopers? Or is there some strange ID tag mind link to each one?
>>
No. 646662 ID: 0fc976

Avoid barracks, sneak to the prison.
>>
No. 646714 ID: 164c83

We are good at chutzpah: Sneak and fight through the barracks to the prison. C'mon, never do what the enemy expects a sane person to do, if you act consistently insane it confuses them when you choose to do the sane thing because there are no other viable options.
>>
No. 646811 ID: 3c17ca

>>646607
The enemy is looking for us, the barracks is probably empty considering that is where people sleep and dwell. buuut, we have the enemy guy with us for the moment before he is sent back into the wheel of reincarnation....

Can we see if the barracks are empty or where this dude came from? If empty barracks, do it!

Also, grab some weapons if they are good to use..

finally, if these things have gonads, can we kick and or stomp them?
>>
No. 646894 ID: adf4e4
File 143368815331.png - (99.16KB , 800x600 , barracks.png )
646894

>By the way, can we actually use any weapons procured from the enemy troopers?
[Ilithid weaponry is powered by their natural bio-electric feild. so without an adaptable power-source its useless.]

>finally, if these things have gonads, can we kick and or stomp them?
[squid-faces are asexual... so i guess they dont have any.]

>Barracks
[Barracks it is then.]

Jackie and Fuse reach the -Sleeping jars-, in the middle of a tall room is mechanical claw connected to a more primitive type of Ilithid (looks like it sleeping), below is row upon row of empty capsules interconnected with like wagons of trail on rails. There is a panel on the side of the platform where you currently stand.

Fuse: this is one big ass claw crane...
>>
No. 646896 ID: fef726

Time to fiddle with the controls!
>>
No. 646898 ID: adf4e4
File 143368941865.png - (116.51KB , 600x400 , console.png )
646898

>Time to fiddle with the controls!
consol fiddeling is failed.

NURSING UNIT 003 STATUS - ACTIVE
SLEEPING JAR STATUS - LOCKDOWN
INTRUDERS LOCATED
EXTERMINATION PROTOCOLS INITIATED
>>
No. 646900 ID: 2e88a5

You are the worst at stealthy infiltration. Blow up that angry jar squid, then run towards the prison.
>>
No. 646903 ID: bd8b82

aim for the connector point, so it can't dodge
>>
No. 646908 ID: 0fc976

With suggestions like these, who needs enemies?

Fuse: aim for the jar, we'll shoot the connector joint with the proto-cannon - it should be off cooldown by now.
>>
No. 646911 ID: 5f102f

Nursing unit?
>>
No. 646916 ID: ab7529

>>646898
Shoot it in the face. Not at anything close to a full charge shot, unless you want to glass the room and kill yourself.
>>
No. 646922 ID: 3c17ca

>>646898
oh fuck! Ok. Ok. I present two options I can see...
1. Jump on the jar and hijack it's brain. stun the fucker and get it to indicate the alarm is the enemy storming the base or something. get everyone out of here. if this works. proceed to step two. if it does not, proceed to step two.

2. Throw explody putty at that fucker, start a fire here, and run! Guess we get objective two?
>>
No. 647033 ID: adf4e4
File 143374848092.png - (85.02KB , 600x400 , battle1.png )
647033

>Fuse: aim for the jar

Fuse takes a shot for the jar. It's protected by some kind of energy barrier.

>proto-cannon
[still cooling down.]

>aim for the connector point, so it can't dodge
[you take shot with ray-gun. its as effective as a peashooter.]

Claw nabs Fuse.

Fuse: SHIT!!!
Major Jaxx: hang on!
>>
No. 647034 ID: adf4e4
File 143374851195.png - (67.37KB , 600x400 , battle2.png )
647034

>Throw explody putty at that fucker
[might as well try.]
Major Jaxx: let go of my subordinate!
===> +righteousness meter
>>
No. 647035 ID: adf4e4
File 143374855105.png - (77.67KB , 600x400 , battle3.png )
647035

[wow it went through.]
>>
No. 647036 ID: adf4e4
File 143374858538.png - (98.31KB , 600x400 , battle4(end).png )
647036

[shit... should have said something cool... well moment is gone.]
>>
No. 647047 ID: fef726

Catch your falling teammate like the badass you are.
>>
No. 647059 ID: 9ddf68

grab teammate, maybe set off second explosion to distract incoming troops. gtfo. Time to hit the prison.
>>
No. 647082 ID: d7068e

We are the worst at stealth. Which is ok at this point.
What happens if your righteousness meter goes full?
Anyway catch Fuse and flirt with her. Then go rescuse your team.
>>
No. 647102 ID: 3c17ca

>>647036
Mega huge lunge, grab teammate like a giant BAMF. thats badassmotherfucker. Finally, give'r a "good game" butt slap and blow this place to smithereens...if there is some sort of overload...or something.
>>
No. 647144 ID: 696535

>>647036
Catch your teammate while saying a cheesy one-liner.
>>
No. 647301 ID: adf4e4
File 143384107236.png - (91.77KB , 600x400 , nice_catch.png )
647301

NURSING UNIT 003 STATUS - DISENGAGED
SLEEPING JAR STATUS - LOCKDOWN
>Catch your falling teammate like the badass you are.
===>teammate catch was successful.
Fuse: thanks boss.
>...flirt with her.
Major Jaxx: any time sweet cheeks.
>>
No. 647304 ID: adf4e4
File 143384134810.png - (103.84KB , 600x400 , explosion.png )
647304

>blow this place to smithereens
>set off second explosion to distract incoming troops
>cheesy one-liner.
Major Jaxx: Yippie Cay-e Motherfuckers!!! (click)
===>chain of explosions set-off in the tight maze, blow away the door and 1/3 of enemy forces in the sector.
>>
No. 647305 ID: adf4e4
File 143384137198.png - (73.51KB , 600x400 , run.png )
647305

Jackie and Fuse make their way into prison cells sector.
>>
No. 647306 ID: adf4e4
File 143384140336.png - (57.75KB , 600x400 , prison_cells.png )
647306

Only two cell are occupied. Forcefeilds are on.
>>
No. 647309 ID: e114bc

>>647306
Go find the jailkeeper and shoot them.
>>
No. 647312 ID: fef726

Can't you just fry the field generators? And I mean that literally, your friend can toast them.
>>
No. 647326 ID: 164c83

How the heck do they power stuff like this, is it reasonable to look for wires to cut? Also, how do the walls compare to the security doors themselves as ways in and out? Finally, is there a dang off switch somewhere obvious that's reasonably foolproof or is it likely that all this stuff requires squid-heads to operate or is alarm- and/or trap-wired to prevent tampering? ...Shit, if any place around here would be wired with alarms and traps it would be where they're keeping prisoners, wouldn't it?
Seriously, I'm worried about seeing only two people here. Either this means we're a month too late showing up here or there's a lot more mission to do still.
>>
No. 647332 ID: 9ddf68

...WHO THE FUCK IS STUPID ENOUGH TO USE PURE FORCE FEILDS FOR A PRISON CELL? I mean one fucking power outage and you know have a prison escape. Can we just shoot something here and kill the power or will we have to do something else.

Oh and can you see who/what is in the cells?
>>
No. 647336 ID: 3c17ca

>>647306
Have fuse at the ready, make a fist and punch the control panel on each door. If its not who you want, it may be someone you need to kill.
>>
No. 647341 ID: 88960e

Wait. Obvious check. Are these cells occupied with your people? Make sure the aliens haven't locked up some of their own or something.

...the nice thing about force fields is they go out when you cut the power.
>>
No. 647357 ID: 2a7417

How many were with your tank crew?
>>
No. 647363 ID: 3c17ca

>>647306
can we overload the force fields, and cause some damage elsewhere in the facility? This rampage is satisfactory and must continue.
>>
No. 647401 ID: 89941a

>>647306
Just blow the wall up instead?
>>
No. 647410 ID: ab7529

>blow stuff up
...we can't just hit the button that opens the cells? We already blew up central control.

Also we've used a bunch of our explosives up, already.
>>
No. 647415 ID: cbc9e6

>>647332
"This thing on? I'm gonna be brief. Because I'm dying. Because I got shivved. A lot. I just wanna get it on record that using force fields for doors in a space prison is a bad idea. You know what would have been better? Regular doors. With locks. Locks that don't open when the power goes out! *cough cough* Man, those blue force fields looked good, though. Every time I saw one, I thought, "Wow. I am in space." Still though. A door made out of paper would have been better in the long run."
>>
No. 647422 ID: f74bb7

Whether you blow up the panel or press it, have at least one person ready to shoot in case shit hits the fan. You can't tell if the prisoners are on your side or not yet, and it's better safe than sorry.
>>
No. 647431 ID: 3c17ca

>>647415
>>647332
If we took out the power, we might have to consider there is battery backup. Or these things work like light sabers and can hold a field at minimal drain as long as it is not interacted with too much.
>>
No. 647454 ID: c0745e
File 143389983180.png - (71.22KB , 600x400 , prison_cells2.png )
647454

>Are these cells occupied with your people?
[yep]

>How many were with your tank crew?
[Driver, Gunner, Mechanic and Scout; five in total including me.]

>Can't you just fry the field generators?
Major Jaxx: Fuse.
Fuse: on it boss.
-Fuse fries backup field generator.
>>
No. 647455 ID: c0745e
File 143389994670.png - (42.59KB , 600x400 , teammate.png )
647455

In first cell you find... your Driver
===> 1/4 teammates rescued.

???: Commander! ...what took soo long?

[memories are still fuzzy... what was her name again?]
===> input name...
>>
No. 647456 ID: 9297f4

Lauren Christen.
>>
No. 647457 ID: e0c514

>>647455
She looks like an Arlina.
>>
No. 647459 ID: ab7529

>>647456
This is good.

...so if she's a driver, does that mean she's no good in combat? We don't have much in the way of spare gear to hand out. (Unless her stuff is in a chest conveniently around the corner).

Actually wait, if she doesn't have a helmet, won't the psychic squids be able to track us now?

Ask her if she has any intel. Does she know where anything is? Where the others are? What have the squids been doing to them while they've been prisoner?

(It's kind of lucky they didn't eat her brain already. ...how do we know they didn't do mind control or something, though? They've had a month).
>>
No. 647462 ID: bd8b82

jess
>>
No. 647463 ID: 0fc976

Was never very good with names, I just called her Beep Beep.
>>
No. 647469 ID: c0745e
File 143390417401.png - (32.66KB , 600x400 , char_sheet.png )
647469

>...so if she's a driver, does that mean she's no good in combat?
[don't underestimate them, every member of my squad can hold their own on the battlefeild.]

>her stuff
BB: all of it probably locked away in the warhall.

>intel
BB: from what i managed to gather, they are gonna ship something big through the portal today... i don't know what it is, but it can't be anything good.

>Where the others are?
BB: after we been transported here, squids split us up.

>What have the squids been doing to them while they've been prisoner?
BB: to me... the usual stuff: torture, brainwashing etc. didn't get them much thou. god bless cyberware. f**ker took my arm after they failed get anything from my head.

>how do we know they didn't do mind control or something, though?
[after attempted brainwashing cybertech in her head overrides any unusual brain activity. others may not be so lucky.]
>>
No. 647470 ID: b5d0d5

>>647463
Might as well, since her real name is Beatrice Bouffon.
Okay that's more of a Beep Boop but still.
>>
No. 647471 ID: 0fc976

Hello "Lefty" Lincoln, this here's Fuse. And who might be behind force-door number 2?
>>
No. 647472 ID: 334db2

Explain our objectives to Lauren and check the other cells.
>>
No. 647473 ID: c0745e

>>647471
===> nick/name designation changed to Lauren "Lefty" Lincoln

[much better]
>>
No. 647476 ID: c0745e
File 143390527569.png - (41.23KB , 600x400 , old_man.png )
647476

>second cell
[it's just some old dude.]

???: ...
Major Jaxx: ...
>>
No. 647486 ID: ab7529

I assume the blue pips in steam are what she'd have behind the wheel? Or is her score hurt by her injury.

...also, no fair, why does your driver have more total stat points than you.

>ambidex
I think that should be greyed out, now.

>>647476
Hey Lauren, you know this dude? *Knock knock* Hey old dude, who are you?
>>
No. 647489 ID: fef726

Well... he is human. Might as well break him out to.
>>
No. 647490 ID: bd8b82

yeah may as well take him too, for now. share your map with lauren and ask if she has any guesses about were the rest of the team is.
>>
No. 647495 ID: 0fc976

Bow out of respect, looks like a Wise Old Man(tm) to me.
>>
No. 647558 ID: 164c83

If I was the squids I'd include at least one ringer or snitch in every batch of prisoners I get, just because it's far easier to keep alive spies among hostiles if they're human themselves. Careful in case that's the case here, with either this guy or BeepBeep.
>>
No. 647571 ID: c0745e
File 143393913398.png - (75.49KB , 600x400 , oldman2.png )
647571

>blue pips
[blue pips indicate lvl of steam when eqipped with cyberware. in case of Lauren her right arm.]

>more total stat points
[stats are not everything.]

>rest of the team
Lefty: i would guess they are in west wing prison cells. they base kinda mirros itself.

>old dude?
Major Jaxx: Hey Lauren, you know this dude?
Lefty: he is just another prisoner commander. been here long before us. i don't know what they did to him, but he is clearly not all there.
>Bow out of respect
Major Jaxx: *Knock knock* Hey old dude, who are you?
Oldman: Billy is that you? came to visit your gramps after all.
Lefty: see what i mean.
Oldman: hush! Martha, i told Billy wouldn't forget his oldman. i bet now you feel really stupid.
>>
No. 647573 ID: 88960e

Well, no reason not to take him with, unless he turns out to be crazy or mind controlled. Someone keep an eye on him, and don't give him any weapons.

So... how hard is it gonna be to move around with 2 people who don't have helmets? Are the squids gonna ping their brains at range?
>>
No. 647580 ID: 3c17ca

>>647573
Welp. Time to move. Do we have a spare gun, or hell, does Fuse have a pocket knife or some small back up weapon for BB?

Old man can tag along, might be able to salvage him later.

Getting our team back and continuing our rampage is probably important. RAMMMPAGE.

>ask BB if she has learned anything while being here that can be useful, particularly in making things explode.
>>
No. 647583 ID: bd8b82

he can be the mental shield. he was probably brain fried from interrogation.
>>
No. 647613 ID: 9ddf68

so would you say destroying the portal then hitting the other prison and escaping out the west side would be a good plan or no? Also how the hell were we meant to be extracted from this mission?
>>
No. 647615 ID: fbc59e

Wait...Beep beep has cyberware in her head to keep the squids out. Old man has...what exactly?
Seems like a good way to circumvent the helmets-throw us a prisoner who's non-shielded to report our movements and then BAM!
>>
No. 647616 ID: 2a7417

Is Beep B- ah, Lefty a Ditto?
>>
No. 649579 ID: 145324
File 143479187703.png - (73.63KB , 700x500 , oldman.png )
649579

>Do we have a spare gun
Jackie and Fuse carry: raygun, proto-handcannon, light assault rifle, fist-flamethrower (can only be used by Fuse).

>ask Lefty if she has learned anything while being here that can be useful, particularly in making things explode.
She informs you of possibility to over load the portal to level the whole base to the ground. If she only had access to the main control room.
>Lefty a Ditto?
[No... I'm the only ditto in the squad.]
>(Lefty) cyberware in her head to keep the squids out. Old man has...what exactly?
[Nothing]

>Oldman
>Well, no reason not to take him with
>Old man can tag along
>Seems like a good way to circumvent the helmets-throw us a prisoner who's non-shielded to report our movements and then BAM!
[...]

Lefty: Commander if I may state my opinion?
Major Jaxx: Sure
Lefty: Bringing along civilian would only obstruct your mission. We already have enough on our plate as it is, let's not add babysitting to the list.
Oldman: Booh... stop being such party pooper Martha, Billy and I are gonna play ball outside. Right Billy?

A) You right, seal the cell, we'll get back to him as soon as mission is complete.
B) Sure thing granpa.
>>
No. 649582 ID: bd8b82

not baby sitting, he wanders off we don't go looking for him, he will have volunteered to be a distraction. but we take him so long as he sticks with us.
>>
No. 649588 ID: d3be40

You can bind one of his arms so that he doesn't go anywhere. If you leave him here, the enemy might execute him out of spite.
>>
No. 649589 ID: 9ddf68

Lincoln, let me ask you this, say someone came by to retrieve the old man and saw you here as well but decide to leave you behind because they thought a one armed solder would only slow them down, how'd you feel about it? Besides, since when have I been known to make good decisions?

Also the hand cannon we have, how close is it to being able to fire again and as long as we don't charge it we can fire it repeatedly right? If so and it's charged I say give lefty the ray gun and we'll hold on to the hand cannon.
>>
No. 649594 ID: 26d95a

Actually the squids might be able to detect him? It's a pretty big risk, you might have to just leave him here.
>>
No. 649597 ID: e114bc

>>649579
A. Let's not be crazy.
>>
No. 649601 ID: 3c17ca

>>649579
lets solve this fast.
Try and mind dive on the old guy, see if he is crazy, under their influence, or playing it coy.

After that we have a MAJOR ISSUE!

Nothing has exploded in the last few seconds. lets party.
>>
No. 649618 ID: ab7529

>Billy
Wait, I just got the implications there. He's not (just) senile, he's confusing you with his granddaughter because you're a ditto.

Which either means his kids adopted a ditto (that doesn't usually happen, right? You're used for dangerous military jobs, and stuff normal people don't risk doing enough) or Billie was your original. That there is your actual biological grandad.

...which raises a question. Is it bad if the squids have access to a ditto's fore-bearers? Can they use that somehow to prepare a counter-measure against all of your siblings?

And have you ever met actual family of yours before?

>give Lefty the non-experimental gun
It means we can't shoot if we overcharge our weapon again, but it beats having her unarmed (more than she already is).
>>
No. 649667 ID: 3c17ca

>>649618
I think we need to make sure grandpa is secure, and take him with us. But to verify lets ask lefty something

>once we get to the other cells, overload this place, and set off our distractions, what is the chance of getting back to grampus here? Realistically?

Low probably.
>>
No. 649806 ID: 80cc7d
File 143489632436.png - (77.66KB , 700x500 , llll.png )
649806

>give Lefty the non-experimental gun
===> Lefty now armed with raygun.

>Billie was your original
[the Prime I was based on? I don't know the name of an original supplier of genetic material, but would assume she would be long dead by now. I am a 21th generation of my ditto type.]

>Gate overload plan
Lefty informs you about 10 minutes needed for core to bild up energy after overload been triggered. After wich the whole base would be destroyed by released antimatter. If we wish to save anybody else it would be pretty difficult to do in window of 10 min.

>Options
A) Save remaining prisoners first then destroy the base. Risks-(not making it in time for arrival of something "big", higher defence of the portal.)
B) Destroy the base. Risks-(remaining prisoners would die.)
>Multitasking yo.
C) Split up. Risks-(unknown.)
>>
No. 649807 ID: 97d884
File 143489638314.png - (71.11KB , 700x500 , dive.png )
649807

>have you ever met actual family of yours before?
[squad is my family, tank is my home.]

>Try and mind dive on the old guy, see if he is crazy, under their influence, or playing it coy.
[Good idea]

Major Jaxx: let me try something gramps

===>Mind link established.
>>
No. 649808 ID: 80cc7d
File 143489644386.png - (117.53KB , 700x500 , dive 2.png )
649808

[his mind is in complete disarray, most of his memories are unaccesable. i can sence two active zones of his mind: one is pulsating with anger, another has a mark of outside influence. wich one should a access?]
>>
No. 649811 ID: 26d95a

Quickly check the anger first, if you can do it without the outside influence noticing. He might know something important.
>>
No. 649813 ID: 334db2

Outside influence first. We don't want to exfiltrate an unwilling spy.
>>
No. 649815 ID: bd8b82

yeah check what is influencing him, if you can break it, it may make him way more lucid.
>>
No. 649820 ID: ab7529

>I am a 21th generation of my ditto type.
Huh. Then either they did adopt a ditto... or gramps here has been a prisoner for a very long time. Which might even be possible, if the squids had reason to keep him alive, or time is weird between dimensions.

>>649808
Outside influence. If the squids did anything to him, that's important.

>options
Not sure splitting up is a good idea. We don't have enough comms gear to go around (unless lefty has some built in?), or even enough watches to synchronize actions. That seems like such an invitation for something to go wrong.

I would thin we'd want A. No (wo)man left behind. We don't atomize our squad.

The portal probably has upped defenses already, anyways. We put them on red alert when we blew up the control room, by now extra security teams will have been posted on high value infrastructure. They know they have intruders.
>>
No. 649829 ID: 0fc976

Prisoners first. Working together you can take out the 'big thing,' for sure!
That mind link could be a trap. Check anger first.
>>
No. 649831 ID: 3a31b2

By splitting up, there is the risk that you aren't going to do accomplish anything at all, But if you are going to do it (wich is something I do not advise) You might as Well go with Fuse to create a diversion in the portal, while Lauren sneaks and tries to free the other prisoners. But our actual lack of weaponry wouldn't help a lot, so might be better to just evacuate them.

Now, You know better of our foe. What could the "something Big" Coming through that portal be? A Giant weapon of mass destruction, or maybe someone important, like someone of high hierarchy? If You think you have an idea, we may have to work our plan with that.

Maybe you should try the External influence first, If you think it is not a trap. We may need to know what exactly it is, and we don't know how longer will it be at our reach.
>>
No. 649884 ID: fcff20

>>649808
Secure gramps, we need to make sure he doesnt attack while we do our thing. He may only be crazy because of the influence. Burn it out. If gramps is useful after we split up, if not we go for the prisoners. Maybe on the way to the core think up any other ways to blow it.
>>
No. 650081 ID: 8d32fa

Squad is family. You don't leave your family behind. We will rescue all of them prisoners.
Speaking of family; once yer done mind diving. Go hug Lefty.
>>
No. 650292 ID: 7ea8b9
File 143506859524.png - (104.63KB , 700x500 , probe.png )
650292

You decide to inspect traces of outside influnece first.
But your lvl of Smarts is too low to discern its effect on oldman's mind.
The only thing you can tell for sure, its in active state right now.
>>
No. 650294 ID: 7ea8b9
File 143506899114.png - (90.11KB , 700x500 , snap.png )
650294

Fuse: multiple hostiles incoming!
Lefty: snap out of it commander! we don't have time to probe this geezer! we have to move!

>oldman
[well... he clearly under some form of mind manipulation, but somehow seems harmless enough right now.]
A)taking him along
B)leaving him in a cell

>team first
[saving my team comes first, portal can wait.]

>hug Lefty
[not now!]

>lack of weaponry
Lefty: emm, commander? all of my gear is stashed in the warhall... we could just "take it back".
[if they stash captured weaponry and tech in there... MY TANK COULD BE THERE!!! with it we will have all the firepower we need!]
>>
No. 650295 ID: 2a7417

take him for now, we weren't able to finish our mind probe. Now move! To the warhall, quickly! (Don't yell that, just lead your squad there.)
>>
No. 650296 ID: 88960e

>>650292
Well, if it's active and he's not currently causing us problems, it doesn't directly concern us, I think. That also means we don't have to worry about a suprise cropping up later. Whatever the problem is, it's live.

I say A. No man left behind!

Note to self: next time have Lefty or some other high smarts squadmate do the mind probing.

>raid warhall?
Ooh, I like that. We'll need gear and transport for our people. And it's nearby.

Only risk is we can probably expect resistance, although if we're lucky it's a staging ground and most the squid personnel are out searching for us or guarding higher value targets.
>>
No. 650298 ID: 0207a0

Leave him. Its the aliens mindcontrolling him and making him look innocent when he's actually sending information about you to them. He's a sleeper agent
>>
No. 650301 ID: 3c17ca

>>650294
He is a known trap. But he has use after the mission, and that is shit. Is there any way to knock him out, tranquilize him, or otherwise make him harmless? Wrap some tin foil on his head? Any of our party know how to deal with it?

If we can safe him up, or at least tie him up, its safe to assume that the enemy knows where we are anyway so carrying a beacon wont do much. tl/dr: bind his eyes, tie him up, wrap his head in tin foil.

My vote in order of appearances is Warhall, Prison, Overload shit.
>>
No. 650302 ID: 3c17ca

>>650301
Side thought. We have enough boom to collapse this little room, or doorway?
>>
No. 650303 ID: c3a57c

We don't have time, we already knew he wasn't safe to bring with us in an enemy base without mind-shielding until we have a clear exit path and that is where we are going. We have to leave him here and go, now.
>>
No. 650447 ID: 4e7cae
File 143515152930.png - (107.32KB , 700x500 , onward.png )
650447

>oldman
A)taking him along **
B)leaving him in a cell **
[i can't decide!]

>Is there any way to knock him out, tranquilize him?
[we could stun him with a raygun but somebody (exept Lefty) will have to carry him! and that person would be usless in a fight.]

>stun oldman (option)
A) Jackie carries
B) Fuse carries

>We have enough boom to collapse this little room, or doorway?
[there is only one exit from prison block. we will have to fight our way out.]
>>
No. 650449 ID: 89941a

>>650447
Leave the old man. If a chance arrives to grab him later, then it can be done there.
>>
No. 650450 ID: 88960e

I say take him, still. Rescue mission, and it's not like we can expect the squids not to have messed with the rest of our squad. Humans must have reprogramming techniques for rescue to even be an option.

If we knock him out, fuse can't do the carrying. That's sticking something flammable on top of her fire proof armor, and really restricts her fighting style. The major will have to do it.

>fight!
Open with a medium or low medium charge shot in the enemy formation, fuse punches through whatever hole that opens up with fire, Lefty is on support fire, and we do what we can as soon as we have charge again.
>>
No. 650452 ID: 0207a0

LEAVE THE ALIEN SPY
>>
No. 650453 ID: 6d15f0

Bring the old man.
>>
No. 650455 ID: 2e88a5

Just leave him, bringing a potential spy along jeopardizes the mission.
>>
No. 650456 ID: 2a7417

Recount: Still take the old man. Do not stun.
>>
No. 650465 ID: 3c17ca

>>650447
take the old man! Zip tie his hands and tie him to your waist, drag him by the arms! this ride never ends! GUNS BLAZING!
>>
No. 650466 ID: f54c20

Don't take the old man, he's a liability. Sending him on his merry way is your best bet.
>>
No. 650467 ID: fbc59e

...
Oldman, it's your lucky day as long as you can keep up!
LET'S GO!
>>
No. 650468 ID: e114bc

>>650447
Leave him. Do not jeopardize the mission.
>>
No. 650473 ID: ab7529

We got a country for old men. It's full of booze and cloned stripper grandaughters. Beats the hell out of cells and sushi eating your brain.
>>
No. 650555 ID: 37adba

Use the fact that they are tracking the old man telepathically to set up an ambush, then leave him somewhere safe.
>>
No. 650829 ID: dc6acd
File 143531122135.png - (107.10KB , 633x422 , charge.png )
650829

>oldman
A)taking him along ******
B)leaving him in a cell *****

Major Jaxx: Oldman this your lucky day! Now move out squad!

Squad made a break through incoming enemy patrol, guns blazing.
[regular troopers are no match for us in such small quantity.]
>>
No. 650830 ID: dc6acd
File 143531128491.png - (124.56KB , 733x522 , warhall assault.png )
650830

Running trough the maze of hallways toward the warhall...

Lefty: commander? you do realize the warhall gonna be well protected. i'm talking mounted turrets, heavy machinery, and a lot more troopers. it's not gonna be a walk in the park.
Major Jaxx: meh. we'll figure it out as we go.
[thou running in through the front door might prove to be a little bit more on stupid side the usuall.]
Major Jaxx: for what do they use the warhall? exept for stashing captured weaponry...
Lefty: to dismantle and repurpose our tech. they study us and learn something new with each gun, tank and man they capture.
>>
No. 650831 ID: fef726

Lets make our own door then. If we can get inside the clutter it'd obscure their firing lines.
>>
No. 650834 ID: e114bc

Yeeaaaah, I don't want to go there but if that's where we're going, knock a hole in a wall somewhere so we can flank their defenses.
>>
No. 650837 ID: dc6acd
File 143531396317.png - (89.42KB , 733x522 , warhall.png )
650837

warhall main entrance.

[this much should suffice...]
>>
No. 650838 ID: dc6acd
File 143531398578.gif - (98.98KB , 733x522 , warhall-ani.gif )
650838

(KA-BOOM!!!)
[no more boom-dough left.]
>>
No. 650842 ID: fef726

shoot the tank farthest away from you with the handcannon. Let your squad take care of the near one. Once the near one is slag it can be used as cover to pick off the infantry.
>>
No. 650843 ID: 480362

Fuse: make some calamari on the troops.

Lets see if we can find your tank. It misses you.
>>
No. 650847 ID: 53a13f

>>650842
This.
Shoot like everyone's dying.
>>
No. 650849 ID: 9ddf68

you're on anti tank duty with you big as hand canon, Fuse is dealing with the grunts, and lefty deals with whatever the two of you aren't shooting/burning.
>>
No. 650852 ID: 3c17ca
File 143532007537.png - (129.59KB , 949x539 , sequence.png )
650852

>>650838
Agreed. Sequence of action, color coded,

do maximum damage before smoke clears and enemy regains balance
Major w/prototype + knife
-snap off shot at turret
-Charge forward with knife and custom, killing any targets of opportunity, jump on top of tank
-pick off what looks like troops

Lefty w/standard issue ray-gun
-Strike a pose and pick of enemies
-pick of more enemies who are now recovering from stun
-pick off people who survived explosion and major+fuses murder rampage. get to safety.

Fuse w/custom fist-flamethrower + standard light assault rifle + knife
-blast two turrets
-Charge forward with knife and flamethrower taking out any targets of opportunity
-Jump on top of tank, kill crew

Final option-this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8IWfGy6uDk
>>
No. 650853 ID: bd8b82

can you jump on a tank open the hatch and take it over?
>>
No. 650856 ID: 5991fe
File 143532534262.png - (215.70KB , 733x522 , go wild.png )
650856

Major Jaxx: go wild!!! kick their asses!!!

Squad: yes sir!!!

>major on tank duty
[i set cannon on highest charge without overloading this should give two shots powerful enough to blast a light tank.]

both tanks rendered immobile. but weapons on second one is still operable.
>>
No. 650859 ID: 5991fe
File 143532551474.png - (196.23KB , 733x522 , scorch.png )
650859

>fuse make some calamari on the troops.

Lefty: the merc girl sure knows her job.

Major Jaxx: at times i think she enjoys it a bit too much...
>>
No. 650860 ID: 5991fe
File 143532552928.png - (98.88KB , 733x522 , stupid tech.png )
650860

>can you jump on a tank open the hatch and take it over?
[sadly no. stupid ilithian tech operates by bunch of jar-heads. so unless you are a decapitated head...]
>>
No. 650861 ID: fef726

Jar heads aren't that smart right? See if you can't lead tank fire into troops and the turrets up above.
>>
No. 650862 ID: 9297f4

>>650859
Menacing...

Can you mind dive on the jar head to control it?
>>
No. 650863 ID: 0fc976

Can you mind-jack the tank-head and make it fire at its own troops? You could make a hole in the top of the tube to get in physical contact.
>>
No. 650867 ID: 88960e

Don't mind hack it. It's unreliable, might take too long, smarts isn't our best stat, and we didn't beat this one up first to make it pliable.

Just kill it. Kick it off like a football, or just shoot it.
>>
No. 650868 ID: 5991fe
File 143532735879.png - (68.27KB , 733x522 , oh come on.png )
650868

>See if you can't lead tank fire into troops and the turrets up above.
>Can you mind dive on the jar head to control it?
>Can you mind-jack the tank-head and make it fire at its own troops?

>Jackies lvl of smarts are too low to preform this task.

[oh come on! guys! for the Nth time... I'M BAD AT THIS, I'M BAD AT ANYTHING THAT HAVE TO DO WITH MIND, BRAIN OR SMART. I'M BAD WITH TECH, MATH, HISTORY, ALIEN BIOLOGY!!! it sucks to repidetly reminded of that.]
>>
No. 650869 ID: 5991fe
File 143532738801.png - (100.21KB , 733x522 , stupid tech (2).png )
650869

>Just kill it. Kick it off like a football, or just shoot it.
>>
No. 650871 ID: 88960e

Use tank for cover, assess battlefield. Anything left to shoot? Anyone on your team in trouble?
>>
No. 650874 ID: bd8b82

okay, take out the ceiling guns. and maybe lefty can attach to tanks. is not a head but can jam her cyberstump into the control port.
>>
No. 650877 ID: 3c17ca

>>650869
Anyone seen the old guy?
>>
No. 650899 ID: e607cd

>>650868
>I'M BAD AT THIS, I'M BAD AT ANYTHING THAT HAVE TO DO WITH MIND, BRAIN OR SMART.
This is why squad leaders have specialists on their team. The leader does not have to be the best at anything except knowing who is suited for dealing with a given problem.

In this case, good news! We have a smarts specialist right over there. Tell her to do the thinky things.
>>
No. 650900 ID: 7271ac

Is your own beloved tank here?
Also keep shooting at everything! These bastards hurt your family! Get mad! Get righteous!
>>
No. 650939 ID: 9ddf68

ok so we cleared out this room more or less, any idea where our stuff is?
>>
No. 651590 ID: 149efc
File 143556242705.png - (115.56KB , 733x522 , asom.png )
651590

>okay, take out the ceiling guns
Fuse: on it boss!

>maybe lefty can attach to tanks. is not a head but can jam her cyberstump into the control port.
Lefty: commander it doesm't work that way. our tech is not compatable.

>Anyone seen the old guy?
[shit don't tell me he is already...]
>>
No. 651592 ID: 149efc
File 143556244407.png - (92.18KB , 733x522 , catch.png )
651592

Oldman: Hey! Billy! Catch!

You catch something thrown by oldman...
>>
No. 651593 ID: a19cd5

oh sweet, some soda. Take a break to crack that baby open and take a nice long swig.
>>
No. 651606 ID: 1cebc8

Throw it
THROW IT
>>
No. 651609 ID: 9ddf68

Neat a grenade. Throw it at the biggest thing/group of bad guys and watch the fireworks.
>>
No. 651610 ID: bd8b82

did you just catch it in a way that pulled the pin? wow
>>
No. 651615 ID: 89941a

I... How? I was under the impression that you needed to pull a grenade's pin rather hard in order to remove it.
>>
No. 651616 ID: 5efe8a

Kinda looks as if the spoon is still mostly there. Minus the pin, though, so it's probably best to throw it instead of staring at it like some sorta jack ass. Worst that happens is that it's a dud and still scares off any enemies it lands near, I suppose.

>>651615
Same thoughts here, unless the old man prepped the pin, as I've heard some military and law enforcement do when going out with 'nades
>>
No. 651619 ID: 88960e

I don't see a dead man's switch to hold down on that grenade, and it'll take too long to replace the pin.

Throw away from your squad, and the tank you came to liberate, preferably at some baddies.

Dive for cover, yell "down!" or "fire in the hole!" so the others do too.
>>
No. 651636 ID: 2a7417

That corn cob gave you a wedding ring! Throw it to the crowd so a bridesmaid can get lucky!
>>
No. 651654 ID: 3c17ca

>>651592
Pin out! Throw! Throw at squids. If you have time throw it in a cool way....oh shit. Throw it in the barrel of a tank!
>>
No. 652529 ID: 6cccda
File 143582573353.png - (82.61KB , 700x500 , fith2.png )
652529

[grenade!!!]

Major Jaxx: fire in the hole! everybody get down!

Jackie tosses grenade at the remaining squid-troops in the warhall.
>>
No. 652530 ID: 6cccda
File 143582574851.png - (105.64KB , 733x522 , bng.png )
652530

explosion
>>
No. 652531 ID: 6cccda
File 143582577388.png - (99.60KB , 700x500 , fghs.png )
652531

Oldman: nice catch there Billy! ready for another one?
>>
No. 652532 ID: fef726

Old man just blew himself up. Unless you think you can get to him in time to save him.
>>
No. 652533 ID: 1cebc8

NO

Yell at him to throw the grenade chain at the biggest enemy and then jump to cover.

You and your squad need to find cover period.
>>
No. 652534 ID: 53a13f

Nah gramps! Let's go inside and have lunch! Yank him away from that live grenade, get the belt of grenades off him.
>>
No. 652540 ID: 89941a

I believe it's time to take all the kinds of cover available. Tell everyone to find some cover from the old man.
>>
No. 652548 ID: 9ddf68

wait, where is that live grenade flying towards and how much distance did it get. Because we can't lose a grenade tossing, squid destroying grandpa. Their's not enough of them left in the world as it is.
>>
No. 652550 ID: 3c17ca

>>652531
We bumrush him, jaxx deals with the grenades!
>>
No. 652559 ID: 88960e

Grandpa it's not time for catch!

...where did he even get those. Damn squids being careless with munitions.
>>
No. 652561 ID: 918f80
File 143584162073.png - (111.54KB , 700x500 , boomboom.png )
652561

>Tell everyone to find some cover from the old man.
Major Jaxx: Lefty! Fuse! get some cover!
-both of them dive behind enemy tanks.
>Yank him away from that live grenade
>We bumrush him
[on it!]
>jaxx deals with the grenades!
[...wha?! but i already!]
-Jackie tackles oldman in attempt to get him away form live grenade.
-chain reaction was initiated!
>>
No. 652562 ID: 918f80
File 143584164418.png - (65.20KB , 700x500 , cavein.png )
652562

several explosions later...

[well shit... looks like me and gramps here got down a level after part of the floor caved in. all this debris separated us from Lefty and Fuse.]
Oldman: ohhh... i think i broke my spleen.
Lefty: are you ok down there? commander?!
Major Jaxx: just peachy...
Lefty: soo... what plan of action now commander?
>>
No. 652563 ID: 88960e

You two all right up there?

Have lefty and Fuse see if there's any useable equipment left in the warhall. Importantly- is the tank there? If so, Lefty can drive.

Grab gramps, use the grav boots, and haul the both of you back up there.
>>
No. 652565 ID: 2a7417

Nice effort there old man, just try not to go so overkill like that next time. It was just a bunch of grunts.
Search what's left of the armory for captured gear! We hit the second prison sector next.
>>
No. 652570 ID: fbc59e

...This guy...
Well, in for a penny, in for a pound. Let's see if we can't find another way to our tank.
>>
No. 652572 ID: 6523b0
File 143584938802.png - (134.51KB , 700x500 , separated.png )
652572

>You two all right up there?
Lefty: we are fine. i found my gear, or rather what's left of it.
>is the tank there?
Lefty: negative. looks like this side only contains light weaponry and comm-tech. according to schematics i downloaded, all heavy machinery is located further down on lower levels.

>Grab gramps, use the grav boots, and haul the both of you back up there.
[it doesn't seem possible with all this debris blocking our way. clearing the path would take forever and blowing it up would risk collapsing entire upper level down on our heads.]

>Search what's left of the armory for captured gear! We hit the second prison sector next.
[now that Lefty and Fuse are "stuck" on upper level they would have to look for another way down here. should we wait for them, or proceed on our own.]

[need to consider all my options right now... not much time and a lot things to do!]

-WARNING-
remember to use every asset at your disposal. from this point onward a number of events occuring simultaneously. in case of poor planning some characters may die. every action will have its repercussions. you been warned.
>>
No. 652573 ID: bd8b82

i don't think we CAN stay here, that big fight will attract more troops and they will scour all the effected levels.
>>
No. 652574 ID: 89941a

See about blasting an outer wall with your buster to the point were it also opens up the upper level. Then you just need to keep blasting from the outside until the debris goes far enough up to climb down.
>>
No. 652576 ID: 6b0329

We have been split into teams: Team chaos and team sanity. Team sanity, be cautious and quiet and try to make it to the other prisoners and captured materiel. Team chaos, let's see if we can't do a better job of aiming grandpa's crazy at the enemy, shall we?
>>
No. 652577 ID: 480362

First off you need to keep moving. Cant waste time trying to get back together at this point.
Fuse and Lefty have shown to be more than compitant.
Could they go on the rescue mission while you and gramps get on the primary mission?
>>
No. 652585 ID: 88960e

Wait, is there a spare helmet up there? We could stop them from pinging our problematic elder. And another gun would be nice, so you can still shoot after a charge shot. See if there's any gear / loot to spare that can be tossed down. (If Lefty found her gun, she don't need yours anymore).

(And maybe a set of restraints, just in case).

Can we take spares for our other people?

Anyone alive up there for Lefty to brain probe?

Could Fuse start a fire with the weapons and ammo we don't loot? Cause a problem for the defders to contain.

We know Lefty can overload the portal, but since we waited, it'll be defended. So she and Fuse need to get the tank to break in with. Which leaves you and gramps rescuing the others, I think. Then everyone meets up to get at the thing Lefty needs to hack. (Um, unless the control room we blew up means we can't? But then we still need the tank to assault the portal).

I agree we have to move out before reinforcements show.
>>
No. 652588 ID: 2a7417

It won't do us any good to split up now. We have to get back to our squadmates, but it may be more prudent to meet up somewhere on the way to the second cellblock if that's where their route down would take them anyway.
Does the schematic Lefty downloaded mention what defenses they may have on the way to the heavy machinery? Also, once we're down there, how is the tank getting back up?
Ask the old man if he's feeling okay. he doesn't look so good...
>>
No. 652657 ID: 3c17ca

>>652572
Fuck. We dont have a lot of time, and shit has gotten real. Real fucking stupid, thanks old man. Familiar with the sensation of a grav boot turned on and applied to your ass?!

Preliminary work: Can lefty jump down, minddive with the old bastard and unfuck his shit? If not, proceed onward to this. If so, old man is competent and useful, if not we babysit him for interrogation back home.

Split into teams.

Old man and you are going to get the tank. this is a fucking bad idea but lets do it. We get the tank and meet up with the crew.

Fuse and Lefty are competent and dangerous. They go Rampage towards the other prison, and see what they can salvage from the warhall. They will be the diversion, and the rescue party for the other prisoners.

---
Notes: Lefty, what did you find up there, anything good? I need some zip ties or some shit, maybe a little rope or cables or cloth. something to tie this dudes hands together if I need to.

Time to scrounge where we can. Make sure none of those grenades are left up top side. Munitions dont always blow in a cook off. might have a spare. probably not but its not to too far to check.
>>
No. 652978 ID: 8dcbc6
File 143601312405.png - (119.08KB , 700x500 , teams.png )
652978

>split into teams
[divide and conquer.]
Major Jaxx: Lefty, you and Fuse will rescue the remaining prisoners. Me and oldman will try to locate our tank.
>blasting an outer wall
[that would be impossible with our current firepower. proto-cannon would possible able to do that, but outer walls are shielded with high density force feilds. there is a chance that overcharge shot would just bounce right back at us.]
>Can lefty jump down
[we are separated by a few tons worth of stone, iron, alien conduits. the crack is wide enough only to send down some items.]
> Lefty, what did you find up there, anything good?
Lefty: got my old arm back, some armor and a few guns. i can return your raygun.
>Wait, is there a spare helmet up there?
Fuse: here is one old model... comm-link on this one is busted thou. should i send it down?
>spares for our other people?
Lefty: Fuse and i will take a some to gear-up the rest of the crew when we find them
>Does the schematic Lefty downloaded mention what defenses they may have on the way to the heavy machinery?
Lefty: checking... lower level doesn't seem to be as heavily guarded. schematics shows a couple of coded locks, nothing more commander... hmm thats wierd.
Major Jaxx: what is it Lefty?
Lefty: looks like they'v done a lot rebuilding in the last few weeks. i don't know for what purpose, but they beefed-up security on upper levels afterwards.
>Ask the old man if he's feeling okay. he doesn't look so good...
Oldman: my spleen~
[it seems he sustained some light injuries. geezer better get some body armor, or he is gonna hurt himself eventually.]
>>
No. 652979 ID: fef726

Have them toss down the helmet and some body armor then lets get going. Staying here for too long is just asking to get ambushed on the way out.
>>
No. 652981 ID: 8dcbc6
File 143601722057.png - (98.31KB , 700x500 , dress-up.png )
652981

>Have them toss down the helmet and some body armor then lets get going.
Lefty: here the helmet and you raygun, but body-armor is too big to fit through.
Major Jaxx: ...looks like we will have to make do with what we have.

Jackie scavenges some bits and pieces of armor laying around in debris.

Major Jaxx: oldman i have a mission to complete and i can't cover your ass all day. so you'll have to wear this.
Oldman: wha... you said something Billy?

help to dres... gear-up oldman
>>
No. 652982 ID: 8dcbc6
File 143601756963.png - (40.80KB , 300x500 , paperdoll.png )
652982

>>
No. 652988 ID: 89941a
File 143602012256.png - (44.48KB , 300x500 , He already found some.png )
652988

>>652982
Looks like the old man already found some stuff while you weren't paying attention.
>>
No. 652991 ID: 3c17ca
File 143602247427.png - (26.23KB , 300x500 , 143601756963.png )
652991

>>652981
-
>See how the old man feels after the helmet.

>Use our bio sensor on the old man and the area around us. See if Oldman is internally injured.

>See if the team above can toss us a few medical supplies if there are any.
>>
No. 652996 ID: ab7529

>>652978
Is Fuse blushing? ...I guess she's just imaging what Lefty could do with that giant hand.

>Oldman: wha... you said something Billy?
I said time to get dressed, grandpa.

Since all our people are girls, it makes sense the only armor up there left to stick him in is a ridiculous piece of molded chest-armor.
>>
No. 654219 ID: 64f631
File 143643583021.png - (103.26KB , 700x500 , newdudz.png )
654219

>Is Fuse blushing?
[I can't see from down here]

>I said time to get dressed, grandpa.
-oldman equipped with makeshift armor. (kinda)

Major Jaxx: alright team move out! try to maintain radio silence. and good luck.
Lefty: got it commander.
Fuse: got it boss.
Oldman: is it time for an evening bathroom yet?
>>
No. 654220 ID: 64f631
File 143643584879.gif - (163.93KB , 700x500 , elevator.gif )
654220

Jackie and Oldman take the cargo elevator to the lower level.
>>
No. 654221 ID: 64f631
File 143643589224.png - (63.81KB , 700x500 , encounter.png )
654221

Elevator reached its destination and the team chaos encountered small enemy squad.
[something feels different about one in the back...]
>>
No. 654222 ID: 64f631
File 143643595697.gif - (150.17KB , 700x500 , elitetrooper.gif )
654222

[... in very bad way.]

(animooted)
>>
No. 654224 ID: bd8b82

full power charge that asshole. also if you can turn up your helmet, do that.
>>
No. 654225 ID: 6b0329

Uhm, blast the floor or the ceiling to peg them all with rubble and an unstable surface, then put them down with your sidearm?
>>
No. 654226 ID: 562051

I get the feeling he can block shots, what with floating up all exposed like that. Take a snap shot at him to find out then pew pew pew his friends.
>>
No. 654227 ID: 9ddf68

going to have to say a full charged blast but aim at the platform they're standing on.
>>
No. 654229 ID: 3c17ca

>>654222
Bioscan?
>we know a little about these things from our past. can they block our shots? If no=Fullpower shot. If Yes=Fuck.
>>
No. 654230 ID: 64f631
File 143644037277.png - (131.26KB , 700x500 , quick draw.png )
654230

>full power charge that asshole
>I get the feeling he can block shots, what with floating up all exposed like that.
[yeahhh... less armor not always means weaker.]

>going to have to say a full charged blast but aim at the platform they're standing on.
[good soldier must know how to use terrain to their advantage.]
>>
No. 654231 ID: 64f631
File 143644039035.png - (112.76KB , 700x500 , dd.png )
654231

[three normal troopers taken care of. not even a scratch on this one. i feel he is gonna be a pain in the ass to deal with.]
>>
No. 654232 ID: 562051

Those psychic powers must take a lot of focus to use. Shout at him! Hurt his dumb squid feelings! What's the deal with that loincloth?! Then shoot him.
>>
No. 654240 ID: 88960e

Hmm.

Well, grav boots mean you can probably choose to stick to walls or the floor if he tries something sneaky like levitating you.

Just shooting him won't work, unless we can get past the shield.

Huh. I wonder, how do you think gravity boots might interact with a psychic shield? Maybe they'll cancel out if you try to "stand" on it. Or maybe if gravity goes right right through his float-bubble, you can kick through it.

Best stat is spunk, but that's harder to leverage, here. Unless it can be used to annoy or distract the enemy into breaking concentration. (Get oldman rambling?).

If this is our solo midboss, I'm tempted to use Vorticon vigior (we won't need a personal buff once we're in the tank) and power right through his shield to punch him in the face.
>>
No. 654244 ID: 64f631
File 143644966731.png - (104.25KB , 700x500 , focusattack.png )
654244

>gravboot attack.
[first i would need to close in for that... i don't think he would just let me do that.]

>Those psychic powers must take a lot of focus to use. Shout at him! Hurt his dumb squid feelings! What's the deal with that loincloth?!

-Jackie uses her high spunk stat in attempt to break enemy focus...
>Get oldman rambling?
Major Jaxx: (come on oldman help me out here...)
-Oldman joined you in attempt to break enemy focus by criticizing his fashion sense...

-Enemy remain unfazed.
[welp it was worth the try]
>>
No. 654248 ID: bd8b82

get behind cover, looks like he is about to blast.
>>
No. 654250 ID: 562051

Grab old man, find some cover and STRAFE.
>>
No. 654253 ID: 6b0329

What's the deal with those hovering ball thingies--what happens if you peg one with a shot from your sidearm? I get the feeling it could be really good, or really bad, but I don't know which.
Also, water would be really handy here since it's a good absorber of heat and kinetic shock. Can we splash dude from a pipe or something?
>>
No. 654256 ID: 88960e

I'm pretty sure we're about to be shot at with hover-balls. Drag oldman behind cover.

>first i would need to close in for that... i don't think he would just let me do that
Well, yeah. You'd need to close. Maybe feint with shots you know won't work, or do another charge blast to give you the cover of an explosion or dust to charge.
>>
No. 654262 ID: 64f631
File 143645863205.png - (116.48KB , 700x500 , ouch.png )
654262

>What's the deal with those hovering ball thingies
[some kind of weapon... some of elites in mad legion do have a special kinds of weapons to suit their fighting styles.]

>get behind cover, looks like he is about to blast.
>Grab old man, find some cover
>I'm pretty sure we're about to be shot at with hover-balls. Drag oldman behind cover.
[...better keep my eyes on thouse things. hmm... aren't there used to be six of th...]
>>
No. 654263 ID: 64f631
File 143645865580.png - (103.75KB , 700x500 , combo.png )
654263

>>
No. 654264 ID: 64f631
File 143645867269.png - (152.46KB , 700x500 , finisher.png )
654264

>>
No. 654266 ID: 64f631
File 143645884076.png - (101.28KB , 700x500 , vv.png )
654266

-Heavy damage sustained.

[jesus this things are heavy... but enough to put me down!]

-Vorticon Vigor helped to shrug off some of it.
-Oldman is down.
>>
No. 654271 ID: bd8b82

attack doesn't work, dodge/take cover doesn't work. guess we are dead.






run at him?
>>
No. 654272 ID: 88960e

Can we shoot balls out of the air with lower level change shots, like sleet? I can't imagine he can maintain independent shields on himself and all his weapons.

But yeah, all out attack. Gotta close, see if we can use boots on the shield.
>>
No. 654301 ID: 89941a

D'ya think flashing it will work? Since oldman is down and whatnot.
>>
No. 654311 ID: d33018

If you can't attack him directly try attacking his surroundings again. If you can bring down part of the ceiling on him it would take all his energy to keep that much mass off of him.

It will either crush him or let you shoot him while he is distracted.
>>
No. 654321 ID: 9ddf68

how well can these guys see in the dark? because I'm going to suggest just shooting out some of the lights since your hand cannon needs to recharge
>>
No. 654341 ID: ab7529

Huh. I noticed the number of balls changed, but I assumed they were energy projection doo-dads, not actual physical balls. Whups.

>>654311
Bringing down a chunk of ceiling ain't a bad idea- we don't know if there's a limit the the amount of weight it can hold, a limit to the number of objects it can juggle at once, or if it will sap contraction.
>>
No. 654349 ID: 3c17ca

>>654266
We got spunk, and creativity. Brains and brawn just arent there.

This dude has kinetic weapons, is taller, has a loincloth. We saw 3 exits below him.

This setting is drawn cute, but is pretty serious business at times.

with these bits of fact lets try this. Only the Major will know her limitations, so i hope she chooses the best idea here.

>if our blasters or our skills are not up for taking out the floating balls, we try:
>To crush him under the debris of the ceiling with a blast, though it seemed to weather the storm of the blast below it, so would the debris just slide around it's shield?
>To run for it in one of the remaining 3 holes below, unless we trashed those too.
>Failing that, can squids be seduced? do they even care about this luxurious ditto bod? We got the spunks. If this works, during distracted kill, disable, maim, or convert to our side. I highly, highly doubt this is even an option.

Dunno, hard situation. can our bio sensor give us any data?
>>
No. 654413 ID: 64f631
File 143648853949.png - (108.47KB , 700x500 , visor1.png )
654413

>just shoot
[i can just try to shot this guy. but it seems his barrier is similar to one you encountered before in the -sleeping jar-.]

>crush him under the debris of the ceiling with a blast
[not confuse for now on, full-charge and over-charge would be considered a two different things. shot i fired just before was a full-charge blast. so one more shot like that would overload the cannon, and shooting at the celling have risk of collapsing it on us as well as the enemy.]

-Reminder-
Master Kaz: And now what we have here is handheld modular cannon ready to dish out three types of pain. Pretty cool right.
Proto-cannon have 3 different types of blast. blaster, toaster, bouncer.

>limit break
-don't fall under assumption that libido meter can be used only for seducing. (it works best at seducing yes, but have a few other uses as well. it can be used right now.)

>remaining 3 holes below
it's only two now. middle one is blocked.
>>
No. 654415 ID: 64f631
File 143648855531.png - (121.44KB , 700x500 , visor2.png )
654415

>Dunno, hard situation. can our bio sensor give us any data?
-Jackie activates the biofeild visor.
[would ya look at that, one of the regular troppers is still alive, and what the hell is that behind the wall!!? things is huuuge.]
>>
No. 654418 ID: bd8b82

it seems to be drawing energy from behind the wall. blow up wall and thing
>>
No. 654419 ID: ab7529

>Proto-cannon have 3 different types of blast. blaster, toaster, bouncer.
We'e been using blaster mode, right?

Maybe switching to toaster mode would work. We don't know that the shield stops heat exchange- we could cook him in his shield bubble. (That's what I would have suggested trying if fuse was here).

>one regular trooper is still alive
Either unconscious, or he's faking so he can ambush you. Maybe put a normal round in him when you can.

>what's the giant thing
I'm going to guess it's a giant bio-engineered tank monster waiting to ambush you. Don't go near that wall!
>>
No. 654447 ID: 64f631
File 143649337111.png - (67.31KB , 700x500 , toaster.png )
654447

>We'e been using blaster mode, right?
[thats right]

>Maybe switching to toaster mode would work.
[lets fry this squid!]
>>
No. 654448 ID: 64f631
File 143649350114.png - (120.01KB , 700x500 , ignite.png )
654448

-elite trooper blocks toaster shot by focusing all of his power in high density shield in front of himslef.
[squid wars 101, they don't like heat]

>we could cook him in his shield bubble
[if he keeps blocking shots like this, gun will overheat before his shield will give in]
>>
No. 654451 ID: ab7529

>elite trooper blocks toaster shot by focusing all of his power in high density shield in front of himslef
Ooh! Fire a bouncer at the wall behind him and then a flame shot dead ahead. If he focuses all his power to the front again, he won't be able to stop the bouncer from behind. Something will get through.

And if he somehow desperately shield juggles and gets distracted dealing with it, that's your opportunity to try closing for a grav boot kick.
>>
No. 654453 ID: 0fc976

Use bouncer mode to get a shot off at his back, even if he blocks it his front should be vulnerable to a different attack.
>>
No. 654463 ID: fef726

My guess is he is using the other two lifeforms as batteries to power his shields. My suggestion is to kill them.
>>
No. 654466 ID: fef726

Also! It appears you can see his connection to his weapons while looking through bio mode. Should make it much easier to keep a track of his balls and potentially dodge them.
>>
No. 654486 ID: 3c17ca

>>654463
agreed. kill the downed trooper and see how squiddo reacts. If he doesn't like that he really is int going to like what comes next.

Can we use our blaster and our gun akimbo style? That way we are distracting with our little gun and blasting with our big'un.

Also, can we stay out of reach of his "tethers" make sure he has to break connection to his power source if he wants to get us.
>>
No. 654905 ID: 569b92
File 143660015425.png - (109.70KB , 700x500 , bounce.png )
654905

>Ooh! Fire a bouncer at the wall behind him and then a flame shot dead ahead.

Jackie fires 2 -toaster- shots quickly followed by a -bouncer-.
>>
No. 654907 ID: 569b92
File 143660019257.png - (108.53KB , 700x500 , shoot out.png )
654907

-Elite Psychic Trooper defeated...
>kill the downed trooper
-Normal Trooper defeated.
>>
No. 654908 ID: bd8b82

okay, now that we know their weakness we should be able to handle those guys one on one. can you wake oldman? and any clues about wtf that thing behind the wall is?
>>
No. 654911 ID: b19c84

Thing behind the wall might have been the Elder Brain looking in or powering up the trooper?
>>
No. 654924 ID: 9ddf68

whatever was behind that wall seemed to be powering that floating squid so it's either another enemy or a power source. Either way from the map you got earlier what does that say what's ahead? Either way I don't think we're going down the middle path with it collapsed like that.
>>
No. 654926 ID: 2a4a02
File 143660598393.png - (74.04KB , 700x500 , tt.png )
654926

>can you wake oldman?
Major Jaxx: oldman? hey oldman wake up!
Oldman: Whe?! Wha?! is it time for my evening...
Major Jaxx: mid boss defeated let's go!

>Thing behind the wall might have been the Elder Brain
[nah. its seems hardly possible. the only elder brain in this sector should be in the main base and much more heavily guarded. our forces should be approaching main enemy base right about now.]

>Either way from the map you got earlier what does that say what's ahead?
[as i get it map i got earlier is a pre-reconstruction one. but according to it vehicular weaponry should be stored right about...]
>>
No. 654927 ID: 2a4a02
File 143660600263.png - (131.00KB , 700x500 , tank.png )
654927

Major Jaxx: [i]MY BABY IT'S HERE!!! what have they done to it!

>tank status update
-50% of the armor plating removed
-additional weaponry removed
-main energy core removed

[shit! i would need to find core at least, if im gonna go anywhere on this.]
>>
No. 654928 ID: bd8b82

what about those other tanks? can you pull the core out of one of them?
>>
No. 654929 ID: 1cebc8

See if you can link the other tanks to your tank's central computer, and then command them to wreak havoc.
>>
No. 654930 ID: 2a4a02
File 143660686695.png - (76.99KB , 700x500 , core.png )
654930

>what about those other tanks? can you pull the core out of one of them?
Jackie check's out a few other tanks standing nearby, or rather what's left of them.
After a few minutes of fidgeting around Jackie locates almost drained power core in the old Orbus-13.

>See if you can link the other tanks to your tank's central computer, and then command them to wreak havoc.
-Jackie's lvl of smarts is too low to preform this action.
>>
No. 654931 ID: 9ddf68

any idea where you could charge that? Also what guns do these other tanks have that you could throw on your tank?
>>
No. 654936 ID: 7dc3ab

It would suck if they rigged the tanks to blow up if someone were to tamper with them.
>>
No. 654938 ID: de915d
File 143661127722.png - (72.20KB , 700x500 , core 2.png )
654938

>any idea where you could charge that?
[none what so ever. it's note like they "electric outlets" out in the open like that. this much energy would be just enough to move around for 2 hours.]

>Also what guns do these other tanks have that you could throw on your tank?
[there are some guns that can be retrofitted on my baby.]
-Jackie's lvl of smarts is too low to preform this action.
[damn it.]

>It would suck if they rigged the tanks to blow up if someone were to tamper with them.
[yeah it would...]
-Jackie check tank for booby traps.
-everything clear.
>>
No. 654939 ID: 1ea431

Let us use what we got. It is better than nothing. Besides; tank is better than flesh. Kiss your baby and promise to him/her we will get her all repaired up when we get home. A nice premium oil change. A good cleaning. The works.
Is your tank he or she?
So lets install that core and get to work.
>>
No. 654944 ID: bd8b82

take some of the other guns and just strap them to the back. don't need them usable right now but if we meet back up with the others we may be able to do it.

and let's head towards where other prisoners may be.
>>
No. 654963 ID: 2d1ea9
File 143662159584.png - (100.29KB , 700x500 , upvgo.png )
654963

>Is your tank he or she?
[it's obviously she... or was it he?]

-ENTER TANK NAME

>take some of the other guns and just strap them to the back.
[more guns never hurt anybody... right?]
-tank moblility -2

>So lets install that core and get to work.
>let's head towards where other prisoners may be.
[ether way we are heading up]
>>
No. 654969 ID: 6b0329

Talk to Beep Beep over the radio, ask her about field repairs and refits. We may not be able to use the extra guns anyway, in which case taking them along would be dumb.
>>
No. 654970 ID: 8e5fdd

Let us radio Fuse and Lefty on their status.
>>
No. 654973 ID: 8e5fdd

Also tank name: The Calamari.
>>
No. 654976 ID: f0a5e4

How about the Discount Calamari Psychopomp?
>>
No. 654977 ID: f72ea1

Tank name: The conqueress
>>
No. 654981 ID: 7dc3ab

Glorious stalinium.
>>
No. 654982 ID: fbc59e

The Conqueress rides again! Let's radio Lefty and Fuse if we can and go pick them up.
>>
No. 654985 ID: 0fc976

Tank name: Tentacle Therapist.
How many systems on the tank can you and the old man operate working together?
>>
No. 654987 ID: ab7529

How good is the low-power core? Do you know how long you can drive, or how many shots you can get out of the main gun, before the tank is dry?

>[there are some guns that can be retrofitted on my baby.]
>-Jackie's lvl of smarts is too low to preform this action.
What about oldman's level of smarts? I don't suppose he used to be a mechanice or anything useful?

(Or failing that, if we manage to meet up with your crew before the boss fight, they could better attach things).

>>654969
>>654970
Um. Didn't we give orders to try and maintain radio silence while split up?
>>
No. 654994 ID: 3c17ca

>>654963
[[Potential Lore:

Tank: This thank is your first real love. Sure it's been called an unnatural and unhealthy attachment. And sure, you have used some unnatural and unhealthy attachments on and with the tank. It was a little weird for everyone, but whatever, everybody experiments.]]
>Name: Charlie Brenten, but sometimes you just call her Charlie.

[more guns never hurt anybody... right?]
-tank moblility -2
>If we know we are getting into some shit, we should see if old man is semi reliably enough to use one of them as a manned emplacement before we get into combat. Maybe as an ambush, leading them back to his firing position.
>>
No. 655094 ID: bd8b82

>>654987
said 2 hours
>>654938
>>
No. 655215 ID: e607cd

I recognize that tank. It is named Bonaparte.
>>
No. 655280 ID: 7dc3ab

Kinda reminds me of the metal slug. Just without the mini guns on the sides.
>>
No. 655335 ID: 2f4b71

>>655215
He's a little big for a Bonaparte.
>>
No. 655345 ID: 80ac39
File 143670822395.png - (124.94KB , 700x500 , sanitysquad.png )
655345

>tank name
-Conqueress

>gunz
>we should see if old man is semi reliably enough to use one of them as a manned emplacement before we get into combat.
[nope nope nope, i'm not arming this dude with pocket knife let alone with heavy machinery. also would that even work?]

>Talk to Lefty over the radio.
>Let us radio Fuse and Lefty on their status.
-Jackie contacts team sanity...

Lefty: commander! we succesfully made our way to the west prison block. i got good news and bad news with wich one should i start?
>>
No. 655346 ID: b19c84

We bad.
>>
No. 655347 ID: 9ddf68

huh, I have good and bad news as well.

Start with the good. Like to know what I have to work with before I deal with the problem.

As for me, good news is I found the tank.
Bad news is most of the weapons and half the armor is gone along with the energy core. Although I did manage to pull a core from another tank they had nearby and managed to scrape together some guns as well. Could figure out how to get them on though so you're going to have to do that when we link back up.
>>
No. 655350 ID: b31c21
File 143671066259.png - (63.66KB , 700x500 , long gone.png )
655350

>Start with the good. Like to know what I have to work with before I deal with the problem.
Lefty: i think i might know where the rest of the team is... or at least one of them. bad news is - it's somewhere not here.
Major Jaxx: WHAT!
>>
No. 655352 ID: 89941a

>>655350
How is that bad news? You might get to kill more squids.
>>
No. 655354 ID: 9ddf68

Oh son of a bitch. Any idea if they're even still in the fort or not? Because if they just fuckin cut and ran then we may as well overcharge the damn portal thing and get the hell out of here. The tank only has about 2 hours in her before she becomes a multi ton paper weight so If I really don't have the time to search the hole base for them... and I guess the squids are still a problem as well.
>>
No. 655363 ID: ab7529

Where do you think they are? We're on a timetable to blow this place up!

Also, I found the tank, btw.
>>
No. 655380 ID: 62f7d3
File 143672293055.png - (127.76KB , 700x500 , tremor.png )
655380

>Oh son of a bitch. Any idea if they're even still in the fort or not?
>Where do you think they are?
Lefty: no idea sir.

>portal
[so about primary target...]

-powerfull tremor echoed through base hallways, followed by few smaller ones.
Lefty: commander?! what was that?!
[i have no idea]
>>
No. 655383 ID: ab7529

>commander?! what was that?!
Bad. Probably the boss.

Okay, we have no way to find our people, unless we can do a wide area bio-scan. (Does the tank have a better bio-scanner than your helmet?). We don't have the time or resources to search the entire base for them (especially since they're moving) and kill all the squids one on one while we're doing so. We can't communicate with them unless they get comms equipment from somewhere. (Lefty could try doing a smarts thing to reach them from our comms?).

Which means all we can really do is try to complete the mission and hope they aren't in the blast zone. We have no way to make sure they aren't.

Set up a rendezvous with Lefty and Fuse. You want as close to a full tank crew as possible for the boss battle, and someone with some smarts needs to hit this thing with a spanner a few times before we roll into action.
>>
No. 655390 ID: bd8b82

let's find where that came from, may be crew doing sabotage.
>>
No. 655423 ID: ebcefd

About how much of the tank's current power does it take to use its weapons (since it is likely something big coming through the portal that is making those rumblings)?
>>
No. 655432 ID: 9ddf68

shit, time to link up and maybe get the hell out.
>>
No. 655435 ID: 3c17ca

>>655380
Full fucking speed ahead! Pick up fuse and lefty and lets rock and roll.
>>
No. 655438 ID: bd8b82

>>655423
could be an explosion and bits collapsing.
>>
No. 655443 ID: 0fc976

Give Team Sanity orders to meet up with you, so if anyone's eavesdropping the heat comes to the duo with the tank first.
>>
No. 655532 ID: 3c17ca

>>655380
We got this bio-sensor. Might as well put the damn thing to use. Lets see whats going on as we drive to our crew, try and find out if our other squad mates are still in this facility. If they are, maybe rescue them. If we see anything that is a target of opportunity as we drive, we blast the shit.
>>
No. 655579 ID: 0ba4f3
File 143676814382.png - (94.31KB , 700x500 , bigone.png )
655579

>Full fucking speed ahead! Pick up fuse and lefty and lets rock and roll.

Jackie rendezvous with Lefty and Fuse. portal seems to be active. enormous shadow covered half of the base.

[looks like this the big thing Lefty was talking about...]
>>
No. 655582 ID: 0ba4f3
File 143676817052.png - (239.86KB , 900x700 , bigone2.png )
655582

>About how much of the tank's current power does it take to use its weapons?
[single shot would take away 30 min of running. i doubt Conqueress will even scratch this thing.]

>core charge
- 1hour 45min remain.
>>
No. 655583 ID: 1cebc8

Scan the ship with everything you have, then fire if appropriate. Otherwise, flee with what you got.
>>
No. 655584 ID: 9ddf68

Ah shit, Ok time to overload the portal and get the hell out. You know your crew better then anyone, Do you think they'll be long gone by now or would they try and do something stupid like attack whatever the hell that thing is?
>>
No. 655585 ID: 0fc976

Can Lefty attach the other guns quickly?
>>
No. 655615 ID: bd8b82

i doubt the other guns will do much, but a shot on the portal would be great.
>>
No. 655639 ID: fbc59e

They're only gonna get one of those squid ships outs, and they'd better move that one if they don't want it to eat a portal blast!
Smash that portal then run for the hills!
>>
No. 655646 ID: 88960e

Don't attract its attention, if possible. Passive scans only- nothing active that might ping its sensors.

Ask Lefty about that overloading the portal thing. That's probably your only chance to blow that thing up.
>>
No. 655874 ID: 013c12
File 143690084199.png - (124.91KB , 700x500 , ideas.png )
655874

>Scan the ship with everything you have
[i can't, it's too high up, can't get clear reading from this distance.]

>You know your crew better then anyone, Do you think they'll be long gone by now or would they try and do something stupid like attack whatever the hell that thing is?
[well seeing how this flying fortress appeared just moments ago, i would assume they are long gone by now.]

>Can Lefty attach the other guns quickly?
Lefty: i'm fairly competent with tech, but i'm not a wizrad! i got no time and no tools for the job.

>portal overload plan

Major Jaxx: if this ship will reach our main forces... it will be a bloodbath! Lefty. can overload explosion bring that thing down to the ground?
Lefty: it could, but we are too late, it's already fully emerged from portal! by the time portal core will overload, ship will aready be out of the blast radius.
Major Jaxx: damn it!!!
Fuse: ... what if... what if we just blow up the core. with this tank we can penetrate its shielding. this giant ship won't get time to escape.
Lefty: and so do we.
Fuse: ...
Major Jaxx: it's a suicide mission...
Fuse: your call boss.
Lefty: whatever you choose commander.

A) original mission - setup portal core overload, get to the safe distance.
B) suicide mission - blow up portal core.
C) ??? mission - ???
>>
No. 655876 ID: fbc59e

Well...
Hard call.
set the portal to explode, run like mad, and radio in that the mega-ship is coming.
Though part of me REALLY wants to set the core to overload in like two seconds, then jump through the portal to squidworld in a crazy attempt to survive AND take that mega-ship out.
>>
No. 655877 ID: 2a7417

Come on you apes, you wanna live forever? We have to do our duty and blow up that ship! And then run like hell.
>>
No. 655878 ID: bd8b82

what if we go back underground? hit the portal and get down. does a portal explosion result in matter annihilation or just a burst? cause if we don't stop this ship, we wont really have a base to go back. even if they hold it off they will know we failed and we will have nothing. will probably take the tank away. so the ship needs to go down.
>>
No. 655879 ID: e607cd

If the call is to probably die yourselves, but save many lives in the process, then that is the right call. You take the minimum force that is likely to succeed, get all non-essentials clear, and you take that thing out.

You can worry about how you are gonna survive if the chance comes up.
>>
No. 655880 ID: 2a7417

Alternate route: There was a massive unexplained energy source back at the elite trooper, perhaps its power could be directed at the ship! We might have to bust a hole in the wall to get there, which could be done just by driving through it.
>>
No. 655884 ID: 9ddf68

think we could have lefty rig out hand cannon to overcharge and blowup after a slight delay giving you guys a chance to escape or would that be a no. Otherwise if that won't work give the tank to lefty keep in radio contact and destroy the core yourself while your crew and your tank escape. I mean the main reason WE came here was to save our crew and get our tank back... plus we're just a ditto, it's not like we'll be truly gone. And there aren't very many more badass ways to go out then in a massive explosion taking out as many enemies with you as you can while simultaneously saving your crew and turning the tide in a major battle in favor of your own forces. If we do go that last route though tell lefty to tell the higher ups that your last words to them were to "suck it you pompous armchair shits" cause hey, we're about to die, the fuck they going to do about it?
>>
No. 655886 ID: 7dc3ab

I'm curious about option c. Is it a plan we think ourselves or something secret?
>>
No. 655892 ID: 013c12
File 143690688098.png - (122.93KB , 700x500 , gotime.png )
655892

>There was a massive unexplained energy source back at the elite trooper
[not enough time]
>what if we go back underground?
[won't do much against an explosion of this level.]
>destroy the core yourself.
Lefty: nice try commander... but we are not gonna let you hog all the glory to yourself. until the bitter end.

>Come on you apes, you wanna live forever? We have to do our duty and blow up that ship!
>If the call is to probably die yourselves, but save many lives in the process, then that is the right call.
>if we don't stop this ship, we wont really have a base to go back.

>suicide mission...
Major Jaxx: nobody lives forever.
Lefty: it was nice serving with you sir.
Fuse: (sigh)... there goes my paycheck.
Oldmman: Zzz... Zzz... Zzz...
>>
No. 655893 ID: 013c12
File 143690692522.png - (142.97KB , 700x500 , portal.png )
655893

Conqueress charges toward the portal. Jackie, Lefty and Fuse open fire with personal weaponry, blasting their way towards power-core.
>>
No. 655895 ID: 013c12
File 143690709198.gif - (127.55KB , 700x500 , riggedtoblow.gif )
655895

>jump through the portal
>hand cannon to overcharge
-NEW ROUTE CREATED.
>>
No. 655897 ID: 013c12
File 143690776021.png - (249.42KB , 900x900 , explosion.png )
655897

(static)
???: i lost visual contact, when they jumped through the portal.
????: a minor setback. knowing commander Jaxx, it won't be long before she let her presence to be known again. did you manage to secure secondary target?
???: affirmative.
????: good. proceed with the second stage as planned. Bishop out.
(static)
>>
No. 655899 ID: ab7529

+1 tank, -1 megablaster. I suppose that's fair?
>>
No. 655905 ID: 2a7417

>>655899
For about another hour or so. Hope the squids use compatible power cores at least.
>>
No. 655911 ID: 7aba73

well, Our driver know about engineering, maybe she can come up with something, right?
>>
No. 656035 ID: 4d25ce

Jaxx. Wake up.
>>
No. 656385 ID: f63962
File 143710222252.png - (137.54KB , 700x500 , log2p001.png )
656385

>Jaxx. Wake up.
[wow! i'm not dead!]
-Jaxx inspects her body for wounds.
[all limbs are present and accounted.]
>>
No. 656386 ID: f63962
File 143710227375.png - (118.26KB , 700x500 , log2p002.png )
656386

Jaxx finds herslef in an unfamiliar rocky terrain. sky is different and the air feels stings your nostrils.

[illithian dimension. This is as behind the enemy lines as you can get.]

>NEW MISSION
-ASSEMBLE YOUR SQUAD.
-FIND WAY TO GET BACK TO YOUR BASE.
>>
No. 656387 ID: ab7529

Take a moment to mourn the loss of your boom gun. It saved your life, but you'll miss it.

Then go over there and check on Lefty. Brainy types don't hold up as well in explosions and crashes!
>>
No. 656388 ID: 4aaa4d

I wonder if we should expect a warm welcoming.

Check on our driver and Fuse, they seem fine from here. Where is the old man?

...Is that another tank back there?
>>
No. 656389 ID: 0fc976

Equip arms.
>>
No. 656406 ID: d8714a
File 143710481787.png - (78.11KB , 700x400 , log2p003.png )
656406

>Take a moment to mourn the loss of your boom gun
[you will always be remembered.]

>check on Lefty
Lefty: i'm ok. my arm servos are damaged a little. nothing serious.

>Fuse and Oldman
[they are nowhere in sight.]

>...Is that another tank back there?
[nope its a some tank weaponry i got strapped to conqueress's back.]

>Equip arms.
[i don't have any spare ones to equip.]
>>
No. 656408 ID: ab7529

Check tank status. Can you get it up and moving, or it it scrap?

Use the tank's bio-scanner (or your helmet ones, if the tank is dead), see if you can see your missing allies, or any enemies, nearby.
>>
No. 656409 ID: e0c514

Might as well make sure you are safe right now. Also now you can hug Lefty.
Any landmarks in the area?
>>
No. 656410 ID: 47c6e9

Make sure lefty is ok, then see if you can reach anyone on you radio, squids don't have radio right? What with being mind readers and what not.
>>
No. 656439 ID: 3c17ca

>>656406
1.Bioscan activate! don't really need to say it but it sounds cool. Bioscan lefty see how she looks, then check for the rest of the crew and any indigenous life forms.
2.See what lefty can do with the tank, and the scrounge you found. Maybe make a big ass gun for you, or maybe upgrade the tank a bit, or maybe its nothing.
3.Go find fuse and old man.
4.???
5.Get food, maybe hungry? rations in tank?
>>
No. 656458 ID: 0f5881
File 143711275832.png - (24.96KB , 700x500 , hug.png )
656458

>hug
Lefty: ... uhhh... commander? what are you doing?
Jackie: shhhhh... just let me have it...
Lefty: ... ok...
>>
No. 656459 ID: 0f5881
File 143711278535.png - (80.07KB , 700x500 , log2p004.png )
656459

>bio scan
[i can see another 2 life signature nearby. one behind aline structure and one on the slope of the hill farther away.]

>make sure lefty is ok
[her vitals looks ok to me... thou i'm not a medic so i can't tell for sure.]

>Any landmarks in the area?
[exept this giant sprawling tentacle like strictures... nothing.]
>>
No. 656460 ID: bd8b82

check those lifes
>>
No. 656461 ID: 0f5881
File 143711295745.png - (53.38KB , 700x500 , log2p005.png )
656461

>radio
[nothing but static... something jamming signal pretty hard.]

>food
Lefty checks inside tank. she finds a couple of rations.
-2x C-grade rations obtained.

>tank status
-no heavy damage sustained
-battery at 0%

>tank upgrade.
Lefty: well if you give me a couple of hours i can muster something up. i just need to know on what should i focus.
-with material on hand Lefty can ether:

A) retrofit additional guns on the tank. (+2 light weapons)
B) scrap guns for sheilding alloy (+1 armor class)

Lefty: so what's it gonna be? defence or offence?
>>
No. 656462 ID: 1cebc8

This place looks deserted, only a few stragglers. Go with extra guns.
>>
No. 656463 ID: 0fc976

Go with armor, firing one gun drains enough battery as is and we're out! This thing is probably our ride home, so we need to take care of it.
Investigate the closer lifesign first.
>>
No. 656487 ID: bd8b82

>>656463
the big gun is BIG so it needs a lot of power, smaller guns would use a lot less energy.

so i vote + guns
>>
No. 656493 ID: 193c14
File 143711816472.png - (74.74KB , 700x500 , log2p007.png )
656493

>more guns
Lefty: got it boss. i would need a couple of hours. you can search around until then. Fuse and Oldman couldn't gone too far. better find them quickly.

>Investigate the closer lifesign first.
Jackie sneaks up to the unknown life-form. It doesn't look too friendly.
>>
No. 656494 ID: bd8b82

warn lefty about critter and check other life sign
>>
No. 656499 ID: 2e851e
File 143712021628.png - (60.83KB , 700x500 , log2p008.png )
656499

>warn lefty about critter and check other life sign
Jackie warns Lefty about the critter and walks off to check a second life signature.

When Jackie approaches side of the hill she spots a humanoid creature gathering some kind of plant in the basket strapped to it's back.
>>
No. 656502 ID: 47c6e9

Observe but don't let it know your there. Who knows what kind of crazy shit is in this world.
>>
No. 656507 ID: aacbb6

(Random occurrence if allowed)
Suddenly a black ball of goo falls from the sky and splats like a raindrop when it lands.
the Nearby humaniod being takes no notice for some reason
>>
No. 656509 ID: ac71bb
File 143712296623.png - (72.02KB , 700x500 , log2p009.png )
656509

>Observe but don't let it know your there. Who knows what kind of crazy shit is in this world.
[it doesn't look like illithian... bright pink skin color. two fleshy horn-like thingies on the forehead, pointy ears. with exeption of stick, doesn't look armed.]

>Random occurrence if allowed
In this quest suggesters can only control the POV character and affect surroundings through that character.
No direct environment control in any form.
>>
No. 656511 ID: aacbb6

(okay. sorry about trying to put my OC into the story)
>>
No. 656519 ID: 89941a

Introduce yourself in a friendly manner. You might need some tips if you're to stay here for any amount of time.
>>
No. 656520 ID: 26e769

Yeah, approach with arms raised, in a non-threatening way. Say hello.
>>
No. 656527 ID: 184272
File 143713081378.png - (88.42KB , 700x500 , log2p010.png )
656527

>Introduce yourself in a friendly manner.
>approach with arms raised, in a non-threatening way.

Jackie: Hello there! I'm commander Jacqette L. Jaxx of the 3rd armored devision... i came in peace... could you like give me some pointer?
>>
No. 656528 ID: 184272
File 143713085562.png - (93.84KB , 700x500 , log2p011.png )
656528

???: ...

Suddenly alien girl started running away at incredible speed, by using her tentacle-like feet.
>>
No. 656529 ID: 9ddf68

is she looking at you?

Also how much do you guys even know about the squid home world/dimension?
>>
No. 656533 ID: 1cebc8

Next time, glomp and lick. It's not hard to understand, just be friendly.

Get the tank and follow!
>>
No. 656538 ID: 3c17ca

>>656533
>tanks battery is dead.
>>656528
Pursue, show/ offer food ration, see if the life form cares about food. We need to build relations with the locals if we are going to escape.

If food works, mind dive as an attempt to communicate. We might not be great at it, but the general idea could come across.
>>
No. 656544 ID: c5ba4b
File 143713569188.png - (86.42KB , 700x500 , log2p012.png )
656544

>is she looking at you?
[yes she was looking at me.]

>Also how much do you guys even know about the squid home world/dimension?
[i guess we have to know something, i think... maybe... ok you got me! i flunked xenobiology and universal history classes. they were soo boooring...]

>Pursue
[holy cow! she is fast. i'm loosing her.]

>offer food ration
[she is too far to hear/see my food offering gestures.]
>>
No. 656545 ID: 88960e

Unless you feel like shooting a fleeing civilian in the back, there's no much you can do to stop her.

Problem is we can't move the tank, and she might raise an alarm.

Find your remaining people. Search pattern and life scanning.
>>
No. 656546 ID: 9ddf68

ok so the pink ones are quick... as long as they don't come back with weapons we should be fine. I say head back to the tank, you're already missing two crew members so don't get lost yourself. Plus I don't feel comfortable being to far from the tank. I mean you almost lost it once and look what happened to it, what do you think would be left if you lost it again?!
>>
No. 656547 ID: 4deffe
File 143713748042.png - (74.78KB , 700x500 , log2p013.png )
656547

-as Jackie stops pursuit, she notices a pillar of smoke raisig from the direction where alien girl headed.

[soo... should i head back to the tank, investigate further or keep searching for Fuse and Oldman.]

A) go back
B) investigate smoke
C) keep searching for Fuse and Oldman
>>
No. 656548 ID: 89941a

Check out the smoke, and hope it isn't Fuse being lit on fire.
>>
No. 656549 ID: d33018

Find something to hide your human legs and follow of course.
>>
No. 656550 ID: 9ddf68

>>656547
B) investigate smoke
C) keep searching for Fuse and Oldman
can't see why you couldn't do both. Just make sure you remember where you came from so you can actually get back to the tank.
>>
No. 656553 ID: 3c17ca

>>656547
>Smoke
>Fuse and oldman

dammit oldman...one and the same probably.
>>
No. 656554 ID: 3a77a7
File 143714313329.png - (104.74KB , 700x500 , log2p014.png )
656554

Jackie decides to further investigate origin of a smoke pillar.

Upon reaching a cliff she sees a village in a bubble set a blaze by a giant mech-bugs.

Jackie: now here is a sight you don't see very often.
>>
No. 656555 ID: 3a77a7
File 143714318847.png - (146.76KB , 700x500 , log2p015.png )
656555

-just bellow the cliff Jackie sees the same alien girl getting electrocuted by couple Illithian troopers.
>>
No. 656556 ID: 89941a

Well, how confident are you in CQC? Think you can take a couple of squids?

Save deh girl.
>>
No. 656557 ID: 88960e

Looks like the squids are attacking. Guess they don't control everything over here.

You still have your service weapon, right? Shoot them in the heads, 1 2. Save girl, acquire zap staff.
>>
No. 656560 ID: 334db2

Create distraction by throwing a rock, kill troopers all sneaky-like, save girl, do an Army of Darkness style pose.
>>
No. 656563 ID: 55bd21

Those jerks! Take them out.
>>
No. 656564 ID: bd8b82

so the squids are in a multi-front war.
>>
No. 656566 ID: aef8a4

Can you, personally with just your chutzpah and sidearm, repulse this attack? I'm just going to guess NO here. So the real question becomes how do we keep the squid-heads from chasing us later, and what can we salvage out of this?
>>
No. 656568 ID: d4a543

Zappy stick might be useful for recharging the tank's battery, grateful native might be useful for figuring out where to go next.

Get as close as you can undetected, then kill the squid with the zappy stick, careful not to injure the tormented victim. Tackle the other one and do a quick mind probe. Grab the stick and the girl and retreat.

Don't shoot both of them. Gotta conserve ammo until we can resupply. If you think you can manage such a stunt, tiptoe up behind the squid with the stick and twist it around to hit the other one, thus grappling one and paralyzing the other with a single move.
>>
No. 656591 ID: 0fc976

Shoot staff-holder, subdue second squid, mind jack him.
>>
No. 656629 ID: 3c17ca

>>656557
Squid technology works off the squid, otherwise its inert. The correct answer is we need to capture hostages, bind them, put a psy nullifer on them (your helmet if you have implants to protect your brain).

In the short term, Pop, pop, drop these motherfuckers and save tentacle girl.
>>
No. 656634 ID: 9ddf68

so squids are bastards in all dimensions, good to have that theory confirmed.

Probably should save speedy down there and unless there's something else we could do probably should head back to the tank because if this sort of shit is around I'd feel better with a bigger gun... like a tank cannon for example.
>>
No. 656831 ID: 18b3d8
File 143727779708.png - (113.92KB , 700x500 , stomp.png )
656831

>save alien-girl
>kill troopers
[good thing i have higher ground!]
>>
No. 656834 ID: 18b3d8
File 143727784018.png - (88.91KB , 700x500 , zap.png )
656834

???: ah! thank you stranger! uhm... so you are not with mad legion?
>>
No. 656840 ID: 9ddf68

>so you are not with mad legion?
you mean the squid face bastards, hell no, those fuckers ruined my tank, kidnapped my crew, had me demoted, and now have me stranded in wherever the hell this place is.
>>
No. 656842 ID: bd8b82

good job, and say no. ask if she can use the shock stick.
>>
No. 656850 ID: ab7529

Hey! We speak the same language! Cool.

>so you are not with mad legion?
I don't think so? Unless that's what you call [insert name of your military here] over here.

Ask why those squid-faces are such jerks. Or if she's seen anyone else around. You're still looking for two of your friends.
>>
No. 656854 ID: 0fc976

Nah, man, we're with the rad legion. *Procure sunglasses out of nowhere as you strike a pose*
>>
No. 656919 ID: 18b3d8
File 143730097818.png - (110.04KB , 700x500 , log2p016.png )
656919

>Hey! We speak the same language! Cool.
[that's omnispeak for you. literally universal language.]

Jackie: Nah, man, we're with the rad legion. lack of a certain facial feature usually dead give away.
???: ...
Jackie: ... no i'm not with them.

-the girl introduces herself as K-Zel, mushroom seeker.
>>
No. 656920 ID: 18b3d8
File 143730099726.png - (164.29KB , 700x500 , log2p017.png )
656920

K-Zel watches as her village slowly burned to the ground.
>>
No. 656921 ID: 63ba7a

Comfort her. Think there's any chance of survivors? Get in there and look once the squids clear out.
>>
No. 656922 ID: 0fc976

Console the civilian. Say you need help finding two of your team mates... well, one of them's a teammate anyway. She can stick with us until she finds someplace safe to lie low or get help.
>>
No. 656923 ID: e114bc

>>656920
Ask her if she wants to come with you and help kill the shit out of the people that did this.
>>
No. 656924 ID: 9ddf68

>that's omnispeak for you. literally universal language.
but we're not in our universe anymore, we're in the squidverse now.

>K-Zel watches as her village slowly burned to the ground.
...yeah, not a lot to say here to actually cheer her up. Ask if she want's to come with you? I mean we could use some information on how this world works and we could give her a safe(er) ride to another village if she wants. I mean not much else we can really do here by ourselves and nothing put a ray pistol.
>>
No. 656925 ID: 1cebc8

After they're done razing, try to find survivors. Have K-Zel scan for likely bunker entrances using the tank's augmented vision; you don't want her to develop PTSD from watching her town smolder, but you also need her advice on how her people defend themselves.
>>
No. 656927 ID: ebcefd

>K-Zel watches as her village slowly burned to the ground.
That's rough, man.

>we're in the squidverse now.
Are we in the squidverse, or just another universe that the squids are invading?
>>
No. 656933 ID: 89941a

Evacuate, you can comfort her later.
>>
No. 656938 ID: ab7529

>>656920
Hand on shoulder, roll spunk to comfort her. Maybe upgrade to hugs.

...apply libido limit break for maximum comfort.
>>
No. 656941 ID: 334db2

K-zel, we need to leave now. It's only a matter of time before they start looking for those two guys and find us. We've only got a sidearm and a shock-stick.
>>
No. 656944 ID: 18b3d8
File 143732481297.png - (174.05KB , 700x500 , log2p018.png )
656944

>Comfort her
Jackie: ...think positive, villagers might have evacuated before the attack...
>...yeah, not a lot to say here to actually cheer her up.
[no shit.]
>Ask her if she wants to come with you...
Jackie: you can't stay out in the open like that, on ground patrols are probably scanning the area for strays like you. it will be safer if you come with me.
>...and help kill the shit out of the people that did this.
Jackie: sitting around won't help you get even with them.

K-Zel nods in agreement.
K-Zel temporary joins your party.

>information
K-Zel agree to provide any needed info once both of you are in the safe place.

>After they're done razing, try to find survivors.
-giant bug like machines leave the scene, but significant amount of ground troops left to scavage remaining resources.
[nobody would survive an attack like this. one thing mad legion is good at is being thorough.]

>teammates search
K-Zel: i didn't see anyone like them today.
>>
No. 656946 ID: bd8b82

ask if she can use the electric stick/give it to her. if not then just take it back. maybe with a squidface to use them as a battery.
>>
No. 656947 ID: ab7529

Wow our armor comes in silly colors.

>what do
Loot anything useful from the bodies, maybe hide them so it's not obvious human boots / weapons killed them when a patrol finds them.

Take K-Zel and double back towards the tank while keeping an eye out for your friends. Maybe don't take the exact same route back, so you're covering new ground. Be sure to check the bioscaner.

Pay attention to your native companion, she might notice natural hazards before you do.
>>
No. 656949 ID: 7dc3ab

Sheesh that armor makes you stick out.
>>
No. 656952 ID: b921ff

She might be able to help us to look for any kind of food too. I don't think our rations will last forever, And She probably knows what is edible and what isn't.
>>
No. 656954 ID: 9ddf68

head back to the tank.
>>
No. 656997 ID: 3c17ca

>>656944
Can she make use of the squid weapons or equipment? Did either squid survive, or are they both dead (interrogate hostages?)
what does she eat
what are her people like/ about
Are there any supplies or food around here?
>>
No. 657004 ID: 0fc976

Equip K-Zel with stick if she can, otherwise just head back the way you came.
>>
No. 657263 ID: e54af8
File 143745545720.png - (43.90KB , 700x500 , area map.png )
657263

>head back to the tank.
Jackie and K-Zel head back to the tank.

>ask if she can use the electric stick/give it to her.
K-Zel: amongst our kind, i do not belong to the caste of warriors.

>Loot anything useful from the bodies
Jackie obtained:
shock rod
recovery beacon

>maybe hide them
Jackie places bodies in a cavern at the bottom of a cliff.

>Sheesh that armor makes you stick out.
[when you mention that... why does almost everything here have to be purpule.]
-in interest of not overly complicate things, color of the armor will not affect stealth attribute.

>She might be able to help us to look for any kind of food too.
K-Zel: i still have mushrooms i been gathering with V-Ji for this evening supper.
>>
No. 657264 ID: e114bc

>>657263
Alien food could be poisonous. You could try tasting a tiny bit after you find the others, to see if your body can tolerate it.

Strike out in the opposite direction to see if you can find your buds.
>>
No. 657266 ID: fef726

V-Ji?
>>
No. 657282 ID: c3d7f6
File 143746180777.png - (78.38KB , 700x500 , V-Ji.png )
657282

>V-Ji?
K-Zel: V-Ji my pet krozak, he usually wanders of when i gather mushrooms, but always comes back by the time im done. i hope he is ok...
>>
No. 657284 ID: da3603

Oh that thing, yeah we saw it by our tank before bumping into you, didn't look to friendly so I kinda avoided it. Should still be around
>>
No. 657285 ID: e114bc

>>657282
Well, it might be hers, or it might be a wild one. Go show her.
>>
No. 657288 ID: bd8b82

blink that bioscanner to find it.
>>
No. 657290 ID: c3d7f6
File 143746313704.png - (131.06KB , 700x500 , dinner.png )
657290

>Oh that thing, yeah we saw it by our tank before bumping into you, didn't look to friendly so I kinda avoided it. Should still be arou...

Fuse: major! making contact with locals already? just in time for dinner. join in, got plenty left for you... and your pink friend.

[...]

K-Zel: ...
>>
No. 657292 ID: e114bc

>>657290
Well that's a krozak but is it hers?
>>
No. 657293 ID: 1cebc8

Proceed to smack Fuze.
>>
No. 657294 ID: fef726

Honestly it isn't Fuze's fault. No real indication that it was someones pet. You don't really expect those wandering around in wilderness.
>>
No. 657302 ID: 89941a

Hey, we found your pet!
>>
No. 657303 ID: defd1d
File 143746600950.png - (111.59KB , 700x500 , log2p019.png )
657303

>Well that's a krozak but is it hers?
K-Zel: V-JI!!! oh my god!!!
[it's hers alright.]

>Proceed to smack Fuze.
Jackie: Fuse could like... clench your teeth.
Fuse: sure... for what?

-smacking in progress...

Lefty: i warned you about it Felicia. no engaging local fauna without direct command of superior officer. oh and commander, the tank is good to go. thanks to the power core Fuse brought with her.
>>
No. 657309 ID: fef726

Apologize for the actions of your mercenary.
>>
No. 657310 ID: 118577
File 143746830773.png - (84.22KB , 700x500 , move out.png )
657310

>Apologize for the actions of your mercenary.
Jackie apologises to K-Zel who slowly started to regain her composure over the loss of a loved pet.
She later informs you about a couple points of interest.

New coordinates recived.

>VILLAGE OF R
(nearby krodacian village)
>TEMPLE OF SUN
(sacred temple not long ago raided by mad legion)

So where to now commander?
>>
No. 657312 ID: fef726

>VILLAGE OF R
Village first. They can help the girl more then we can. Also establishing any sort of re-supply is kinda important.

Though we do need actual stuff to trade them. Can't depend on good will alone given they are also in a war situation.

Hmmm, probably our best bet would be to offer our services as mercenaries.
>>
No. 657317 ID: 1cebc8

R Village first. You need to warn them of the incoming raids.

Steal some supplies; they'll owe you for the warning about the invading genocidal @#$%heads. Also you have a giant tank with lots of antipersonnel guns.
>>
No. 657319 ID: e6bfea
File 143747217096.png - (95.00KB , 700x500 , log2p020.png )
657319

As you approach village of R...

Lefty: commander.
Jackie: what?
Lefty: are we just going to roll to their gates on tank out in the open? i don't see how this is going to end up with a warm welcome.
K-Zel: i can talk to them...
Lefty: and what are the chances they are going to assume you are under some sort of mind control, and we are using you as trojan horse to gain entry into the village.
K-Zel: ... um... what's a horse?

A) play it open (direct approach)
B) play it safe (send K-Zel ahead)
C) play it smart (hide the tank and approach on foot)
>>
No. 657324 ID: c6a312

I say we play it safe now.
We are in unfamiliar territory,
>>
No. 657325 ID: 9ddf68

>>657319
B
>>
No. 657328 ID: 89941a

C~
>>
No. 657330 ID: d5b983

We didn't spec for smarts, so lets do B
>>
No. 657333 ID: 88960e

So no one's seen any sign of the old man, huh? He must be somewhere nearby...

>what do
Approach on foot with native to do diplomacy. Spunk is good at that. Tanks not so much.

Leave the others to guard tank and provide backup / tank rescue if necessary.
>>
No. 657335 ID: 1cebc8

B

You might need to fight, but you also need diplomacy. Let K-Zel try talking first, see if she can just buy supplies and warn the civilians on her own. If anything goes wrong, you have a tank.
>>
No. 657337 ID: 69ac2d
File 143748349642.png - (93.63KB , 700x500 , log2p021.png )
657337

Jackie decides to send K-Zel ahead to smooth things out with the locals.

15 min go by...
>>
No. 657340 ID: 89941a

Scout ahead a bit?
>>
No. 657344 ID: 88960e

Check lifescanner. Ping anything?

Sneak after her. Leave the others two to guard tank, watch sensors. Remain in radio contact.
>>
No. 657346 ID: 2a7417

Wait I guess. We, uh, never asked if Krodacians were friendly, did we?
>>
No. 657348 ID: 55c682

Let's C what's up with that village then.
>>
No. 657387 ID: ab7529

>thanks to the power core Fuse brought with her
Wait, where did Fuze find a tank core in the middle of nowhere? That's compatible with human tech, no less.
>>
No. 657424 ID: d46459
File 143753227044.png - (96.96KB , 700x500 , log2p022.png )
657424

>Check lifescanner. Ping anything?
[a lot life signatures in the village and few at the gates. still... donno wich one of these is K-Zel.]

>Wait, where did Fuze find a tank core in the middle of nowhere? That's compatible with human tech, no less.
Fuse: i guess it was at the sun temple the local mentioned, place was decimated, but there was a pieces of dwarven tech scatterd around, really old stuff.

Lefty: [i]she is taking too long, we don't know if they are even willing to help us.

>Wait I guess. We, uh, never asked if Krodacians were friendly, did we?
[... guess we never did.]
>>
No. 657425 ID: d46459
File 143753228839.png - (81.03KB , 700x500 , log2p023.png )
657425

Jackie: don't turn around... something on the hillside to your 6.

A) Open fire
B) Let it get close
C) ...
>>
No. 657426 ID: bd8b82

flip off the scan. we need to get a positive identification first. don't want to shoot someone non-hostile
>>
No. 657428 ID: ab7529

>>657424
See, this is why we should have tagged her. Or at least followed her approach more closely.

>>657425
Keep a close eye on it. We can't open fire on an unknown target. We know from K-Zel's example there are friendlies here, and there's no point in blowing up wildlife.

Plus that town might not react so well to sudden weapons fire. If K-Zel is getting somewhere with diplomacy, that will blow it.
>>
No. 657429 ID: e114bc

Confirm the target is an enemy before opening fire.
>>
No. 657431 ID: 0fc976

B) Let it get closer. All the better to burn you with, my dear...
>>
No. 657435 ID: 41f8c9
File 143753517976.png - (72.05KB , 700x500 , log2p024.png )
657435

target slowly approached.

???: your kind is not welcomed here stranger, take your war machine and leave at once.

[he is alone... armed with what appears to be close combat weapons.]
>>
No. 657436 ID: da3603

We're waiting for someone, once we're sure they're unharmed we'll go.

Also on that note, have you seen a old guy around here? Looks kind like us but a guy, old, and has a long white beard.
>>
No. 657437 ID: 0fc976

If you could point us in the right direction, once we're sure our ally here is safe then we will gladly go. You don't think we're with the squids, do you?
>>
No. 657439 ID: d90668

Time to charisma it up.

Tell him that you do not mean to intrude on these lands but you were forced to flee here because of the mad legion.

You would love to go back to where you came from but its not the easiest trip so you figured you would try and make friends with the natives here.
>>
No. 657443 ID: 652667
File 143753747565.png - (69.46KB , 700x500 , log2p025.png )
657443

>We're waiting for someone, once we're sure they're unharmed we'll go.
???: K-Zel will stay. she will be much more safer with us.

>If you could point us in the right direction.
???: i don't care where you go as long as you leave this place.

>You don't think we're with the squids, do you?
???: i know what you are paleskin...

>Tell him that you do not mean to intrude on these lands but you were forced to flee here because of the mad legion.
???: we trusted your kind once before... we not so foolish to do so twice. your deals with mad legion is not our concern.
>>
No. 657444 ID: ab7529

>K-Zel will stay. she will be much more safer with us.
If she tells me she's made the choice to stay of her own free will, that's fine. I can't just take your word she's not a prisoner, or worse.

Bottom line it: if they want nothing to do with us, and aren't hostile, then we'll go without incident. Once we're satisfied K-Zel isn't being forced into anything.
>>
No. 657446 ID: 0fc976

We're not gonna ditch the only friendly face we've seen in this whole twisted dimension. Demand to see her.
>>
No. 657447 ID: d90668

Can we ask what other pale skin people you met before?

And maybe what they did to piss you off?
>>
No. 657451 ID: 1cebc8

Ask for K-Zel back. He knows what you will do if you don't retrieve her safely.
>>
No. 657453 ID: bd8b82

has there been reports that humans have been here before? if not then command has been lying about things.
>>
No. 657473 ID: 6c6833
File 143754990371.png - (88.48KB , 700x500 , log2p026.png )
657473

Jackie: about K-Zel, i would feel better if she told us herself that she willing to stay here.
???: too bad. this all you will get.
>We're not gonna ditch the only friendly face we've seen in this whole twisted dimension. Demand to see her.
Jackie: i'm afraid your word won't be enough for me.
???: i couldn't care less paleskin. (spits)

>has there been reports that humans have been here before?
[not that i know of. there are no records of humans making it past the portal and getting back.]
>...command has been lying about things.
[wow... let's not jump to conclusions here.]

Jackie: you're telling me that you seen other humans before. our kind?
???: yes and i will never forget that day. paleskin came to our village seeking help and refuge. we let her in and shared our food, on the next morning she killed previous protector of the village and took holy relic of our ancestors. next she desecrated our sun temple a brought the machines of war into our land.
>>
No. 657474 ID: fef726

Ask him if all his people are honorable and without fault? One person does not make an entire race.

We are willing to pay for supplies and such and do tasks to earn their trust.
>>
No. 657477 ID: 0fc976

oh god fuse what did you dooo it's only been a few hours
>>
No. 657491 ID: d4a543

We'd like to be friends, and if that means making restitution, well... what do you want us to fetch and/or blow up?
>>
No. 657493 ID: e114bc

>>657477
From the sound of things, this guy is talking about ancient history. Fuse mentioned the temple was a wreck so it was already desecrated. We may have... acquired the core without permission, but she didn't do the stuff they're mad about.

>>657473
Ask him where you can find this other paleskin. What did she look like? Was she wearing a uniform similar to yours? Also how did she bring the war machines into their world? ...is he talking about the mad legion's war machines?
>>
No. 657498 ID: 9ddf68

wait so you think just because that chick looked like use that we're with her?

Are you some kind of racist?!
>>
No. 657499 ID: 3da9cd
File 143756435936.png - (92.72KB , 700x400 , log2p027.png )
657499

>Ask him if all his people are honorable and without fault? One person does not make an entire race.
He sees reason in your words...
???: it may be true, but all we have to go on for now is word of single girl.

>Ask him where you can find this other paleskin.
???: it's been years since paleskin brought legion into our world. she disappeared soon after that.

>What did she look like?
???: i don't know, it was before my time. only elders remember.

>Also how did she bring the war machines into their world?
???: as elders tell, they came riding beams of light into the temple of sun.

>tasks to earn their trust.
???: if you truly wish to help us... legion been raiding nearby villages with their rock-crawlers, we know where their nest is located. if you destroy them, our opinion on you might be swayed.
>>
No. 657501 ID: 3c17ca

>>657499
>What is the location
...and, OFF TO WAR!

also

>Fuse, do you think there is anything else we can salvage from the sun temple dwarf tech? We might be here a while.
>>
No. 657503 ID: 88960e

>>...command has been lying about things.
>[wow... let's not jump to conclusions here.]
Or they're uninformed. Or it's classified and we didn't have reason to know. Or it was in one of those classes Jackie slept through.

>attack mad legion
Hey, nothing wrong with taking the fight to the enemy when they don't expect it.

Maybe we should investigate this sun temple too. If there was once portal tech there, that might be our ticket home.
>>
No. 657514 ID: 0f4536

>...and, OFF TO WAR!
Hi ho, hi ho, its off to war we go~
>>
No. 657522 ID: 2a7417

Now that is a task we excel at! We'll help you deal with those squids.
>>
No. 657530 ID: 9ddf68

>as elders tell, they came riding beams of light into the temple of sun.
wait, does that mean we could possibly get home from one of these temples? either way if we are going to be stuck don't see why we can't help with the war effort back home. I mean ever squid we take down here is one more squid that isn't going through the gate to attack our friends. Half your crew is still on the other side of the gate after all. Ask him to tell us where the place is and we'll scout it out... After we hear back from our friend. Don't want her to think we ran off on her. Ask how long it takes for someone to talk to people in there and get back because it's been about 20 minutes.
>>
No. 657606 ID: d4a543

If we're going to do violence on their behalf, can we at least have some scrap metal to patch up the tank's armor? It'd improve our chance of survival

Also, this is a completely alien environment to us. Already killed and ate somebody's pet by mistake. Maybe they could ask around the village for a volunteer to guide us around, help prevent that kind of thing, and provide independent confirmation of good deeds.
>>
No. 657661 ID: 55c682

I hope desecrating the sun temple again isn't our only way of leaving this world.

Once you're done talking, ask Mr. QuestionMarks's name.
>>
No. 657679 ID: 3c17ca

>>657606
we could go back to the temple of the sun, and salvage the dwarf tech scrap for metal, instead of bothering these dudes who don't like us yet.
>>
No. 657688 ID: adf4e4
File 143766182427.png - (98.54KB , 700x500 , roll_out.png )
657688

>Hi ho, hi ho, its off to war we go~
[blowing stuff up is what we do for a living.]

Jackie: you got yourself a deal... ehm... mister...
>ask Mr. QuestionMarks's name.
R-Tur: R-Tur
>Maybe they could ask around the village for a volunteer to guide us around.
R-Tur: this is why i'm here.
-R-Tur joins your party

>Maybe we should investigate this sun temple too.
[sounds like a good idea]
>wait, does that mean we could possibly get home from one of these temples?
[i hope it's true... if it's turned out they don't have booze in this dimesion. we gonna have problems.]
>we could go back to the temple of the sun, and salvage the dwarf tech scrap for metal.

>K-Zel
[this guy is not gonna let us into the village until the mission is done... no point in forcing it.]

[soo while we have some time driving to the temple maybe i should gather some intel.]
>>
No. 657693 ID: 2a7417

Ask about the religion of this sun temple, what all these curved spires are, and how many times his katanas' steel has been folded.
>>
No. 657695 ID: 1cebc8

Ask about the level of technology their civilization is at. Request a list with descriptions of the top three of each of the following:

Melee Weapons
Ranged Weapons
Scanning Devices
Irrigation and Farming
Domestication and Cuisine
Transportation Devices
Dietary Aids
Medicine and Diagnosis
Recreational Devices
Artificial Intelligence
Mathematics
>>
No. 657699 ID: 88960e

>No point in asking about K-Zel
Yeah, worst case we have what is practically a hostage exchange.

Ask about the mad legion. In your home, they're invaders from somewhere else. You were forced to escape through one of their portals in battle, and that's how you got here. But they're invaders here too?
>>