[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 558866)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 41599 unique user posts. View catalog

File 139034055229.png - (64.66KB , 900x450 , 1.png )
558866 No. 558866 ID: b3ca75

Old threads and Wiki: http://tgchan.org/wiki/Rust
Discussion: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/56976.html

>Now we just need a single impetus to set off the big bang, and we'll have a brand new bug free universe plot.
>Time for a new cast.
Meanwhile… somewhere in the far north, at a different time, different time line, different website, different universe, different quest and / or different dimension… plot was happening.
Expand all images
>>
No. 558867 ID: b3ca75
File 139034056624.png - (9.47KB , 900x450 , 2.png )
558867

Create your character!
Please choose a gender / species combination.

Human – Same old bori- ooh, look at that beard… it’s so… magnificent. Just imagine how it would be to just borrow yourself into those smooth, silken li- Err… I mean… They are like tall dwarfs? Or something? Mmm… beard…

Lizard – How do they even survive in the coldness of the north, being cold blooded and all? Hmm…

Mantis – Ew, a bug! Step on it bef- wait… holy shit, it has a monocle! That means it’s people! All hail our new insect overlords!

(Note: All genders are valid!)

Insert Choose your champion!_
>>
No. 558869 ID: 4a75fa

Let's go with the human female, there. Paladin Valkyrie of the North, she looks like.
>>
No. 558870 ID: d315b1

>>558867
Male human.

We missed our one chance at playing a dwarf, now this is the closest we're going to get.
>>
No. 558873 ID: a703cb

human female paladin go!
>>
No. 558878 ID: b9d598

Female lizard. It's time to return to our roots.
>>
No. 558879 ID: a87e3a

>>558870
I have to agree.

If we wind up picking human female could we like, try to avoid giving her a dick this time?
>>
No. 558884 ID: cad45e

Male human, with the biggest beard.

If we can't be dorfs then we'll be the closest thing to a dorf we can.
>>
No. 558894 ID: 9ddf68

male dwarf.
wait what, oh right... human
>>
No. 558895 ID: 2ef3a6

female mantis, lay eggs on ALL the things and cut a lot of heads
>>
No. 558896 ID: dbe554

Male human, that beard is magnificent.
>>
No. 558902 ID: f1a6cc

My vote's for male lizard. Hmm, I seem to be in the minority. Oh, well.
>>
No. 558903 ID: cae5f0

Male human, the beard demands it.
>>
No. 558904 ID: 5fd94e

The beard, it must be chosen
>>
No. 558905 ID: abffe3

Male Beard.
>>
No. 558915 ID: e73b69

beard man
>>
No. 558917 ID: d0e0a2

A male human with not just a very large beard but loads of hair up top and everywhere else as well. Seriously, this guy looks like he's half sasquatch, half dorf.
>>
No. 558918 ID: a5478c

BEARD!
>>
No. 558926 ID: a82ca9

Male human!
>>
No. 558939 ID: 4b5324

beard
>>
No. 558947 ID: 58fc88

eww beards. I say back to our root, liz gal
>>
No. 558954 ID: 3f0c1b

Human male, let's blend in with these northerners.
>>
No. 558962 ID: e99002

Lady lizard
>>
No. 558972 ID: 76b151

Lady lizard
>>
No. 559021 ID: b3ca75
File 139039877923.png - (10.34KB , 900x450 , 3.png )
559021

>Paladin go!
You can’t choose the paladin class for this campaign. You can only play as a Windwalker champion.
>Male Beard.
You have chosen Male Beard! Unfortunately, a beard cannot survive in the wild without a human, therefore…
>Beard man.
You have chosen the mythical Beard (I AM A) MAN!! You’re the prettiest little beard of all the beards… aww, aren’t you cute?

Please configure the appearance of your human male… beard…

>Color.
Please choose the color of your beard (and hair).
1. Black. 2. Grey. 3. Dark brown. 4. Light brown. 5. Orange. 6. “Blond” (Yellow).

>Beard (Most important).
Please choose a beard style.
1. Classic. 2. A beard with a beard on the end. 3. Beardier beard. 4. Olaf style. 5. The beardies beard here. 6. Clean shaven (You monster!).

>Hair.
Please choose a hair style.
1. Classic. 2. Ponytail. 3. A hairstyle of some kind. 4. Kempt. 5. Unkempt. 6. Bald and beautiful.

>Tattoo.
Please choose a Tattoo. (You can also change color if needed.)
1. Line. 2. Wing. 3. Eagle (Caw-caw!). 4. FREEEDOOOM!! 5. None.

>Weapon.
Please choose your way to murder bad things. (Your class only permits one one-handed weapon)
1. Sword. 2. Axe. 3. Warhammer. 4. Other.

Note: All choices are purely cosmetic and for visual flavor.

Insert Huh… I’ve been able to predict to 100% which character you’re going to choose on every one of my quests… expect the whole bolt with screw thing… didn’t see that coming, honestly…_
>>
No. 559022 ID: a82ca9

Five for everything except the weapon.
Three for the weapon.
>>
No. 559030 ID: 4a75fa

>a beard cannot survive in the wild without a human
We'll see about that. The quest for beard freedom has begun!

>choices
Color 3, hair 2, beards 2, tattoo 4, weapon 2 (except make it bigger, and double edged).
>>
No. 559032 ID: 87e6c2

3 5 2 3 3
>>
No. 559036 ID: e9e331

5, 5, 5, 3, and 2
orange hair, beardist beard, unkempt hair, wing tattoo, and the axe
>>
No. 559050 ID: 4a75fa

>been able to predict which character you'd chose
Even the skeleton? :V
>>
No. 559052 ID: cad45e

5,4,6,5,2

Dorf dorf dorf
I really we don't turn out to have an jamaican accent, that would be really undwarfy for our not-dwarf.
>>
No. 559054 ID: 2f4b71

2,3,2,5,3
>>
No. 559064 ID: d0e0a2

4, 5, 5, 5, 3
>>
No. 559065 ID: d315b1

>>559021
55551
>>
No. 559066 ID: cae5f0

2 Grey (formerly orange)
4 The beardies beard here
2 Ponytail
4 FREEED... nope just to lazy for something more detailed.
5 Sword (and shield)

hmmmm, a mantis with a beard would be fine too...
>>
No. 559071 ID: abffe3

6,5,1,5,3.
Warpaint's for posers, we'll wear the blood of our enemies and leave it where it falls.
>>
No. 559072 ID: b3ca75
File 139042274608.png - (15.04KB , 900x450 , 4.png )
559072

>Even the skeleton? :V
The joke ones (skeleton and… um… I think it was an octopus in the second one?) came from the left field too… mostly because they weren’t even on the selection screen!
>Hmmmm, a mantis with a beard would be fine too...
…Your suggestion have been taken into consideration. (Read: I’ve totally stolen your idea, chump, and no one will ever know! Muhaha!)
>The quest for beard freedom has begun!
What do we want? Free beards! When do we want them!? Um… I’m kind of busy so… next week maybe?
>5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5 and 5 for weapon.
I’ve concluded that 5 is very popular with the ladies… probably because his kick ass beard.

Color 5 (4), Beard 5 (6), hair 2 / 5 Tie (Tie breaker goes to 2) - ,Tattoo 5 (6), weapon 3 (5)
Gentlemen, Behold! The human Dorf!

Windwalker – Level 1 (Don’t expect to level up.)
Stats (These are completely pointless.)
Strength - 18
Dexterity - 10
Constitution - 24
Intelligence - 6
Wisdom - 12
Charisma - 8
Beard – 35

Special - Windwalk: You can move your body, react and swing your weapons at impossible speeds (Thus hitting harder) for a second or two at will, though this will drain your stamina at extreme speeds. Can be used until you collapse out of sheer exhaustion.

Do you want to make any last minute changes? (Clothes colors, weapon colors…)

Otherwise, please name your beard human… man, these beard jokes are getting stale…

Insert He will henceforth be known as Beard, son of Beard!_
>>
No. 559074 ID: a87e3a

>>559072
Can't we have a mix of 2 and 5 for hair? Ponytail but with bangs?
>>
No. 559075 ID: 88960e

The skeleton was totally on the character selection screen!

>colors
Make the brown in the armor darker, change the red to purple, and the green to blue. And make the axe head like 50 to 100%. bigger. And give him backup throwing axes.

He shall be named Dan, and his beard is named Robert.
>>
No. 559079 ID: e9e331

I shall call him Boe
>>
No. 559107 ID: a82ca9

Our "human" shall be named Urist!
Or Gimli!
>>
No. 559109 ID: abffe3

Bradley, his beard is to manfab for those cliche Dwarvish names.
Or wait, is Bradford a fucking name? It sounds manlier/beardlier.
>>
No. 559110 ID: a87e3a

Bradford sounds nice.
>>
No. 559117 ID: 9ccb59

Stubbs Van Burnside
>>
No. 559128 ID: 864337

Beard von beard
>>
No. 559146 ID: b3ca75
File 139049612013.png - (46.03KB , 900x450 , 5.png )
559146

>Make the brown in the armor darker, change the red to purple and the green to blue.
Your character suddenly finds himself in some new duds. Pretty slick, yo.
>And give him back up throwing axes.
He also finds two throwing axes in his pants… is he compensating for something? I mean, just look at the beard, that’s all I’m saying.
>Beard von beard.
Your beard stat isn’t high enough for such a glorious name.
>Or Gimli!
Shh, do you want us to get sued!?
>Bradford sounds nice.
Your character is now called Bradford. Also known as Bradford the savage, Bradford the bearded one and Bradford the chicken chaser.

:UnknownKAK: …where are you human… where are you hiding?
:BradfordUNB: (To whatever god who listens to this, whatever god that hear my prayer. I know I’m not a praying man… I do not have the tongue for it…)
:UnknownKAK: We know you’re here… we can smell your fear…
:BradfordUNB: (But… if you seek honor… valor… something to soothe your bloodlust. If the sound of steel dancing in red colored snow pleases you… then you will grant me one request…)
:UnknownKAK: Stop cowering in fear and face us, human… we only want you to join our brotherhood…
:BradfordUNB: (Grant me vengeance! Satisfy my lust for blood of these… abominations and guide my steel to whoever is responsible for these… things!
:UnknownKAK: *Gurgle*!
:BradfordUNB: (That is all that matters… if you will listen, then I pledge my soul if you can find it… and if you don’t… I hope you’ll burn in whatever hell you’ve created!)
:UnknownKAK: Join us… let us flay your flesh from your bones and join us, living one… diseased one… broken one… join us in our ascension…

[You now have control over a very angry pile of snow… um… wait…]

Insert No, all that matters is that two stood against many_
>>
No. 559148 ID: 76b151

Well now we have a necromancer running around. My suggestion? Kill all but one and see where he flees to.
>>
No. 559149 ID: a87e3a

Are these necromancy-raised zombies? In that case, aim for the torso. That's where the magic is. If these are Wraith-possessed corpses, you can't kill them and your best bet is to go for the legs so they can't chase you. I am also surprised you are not going insane from close proximity with a Wraith in that case.

With that in mind, perhaps you should avoid conflict with the two human zombies. They have armor. The lizards and mantis are lightly armored so you could take them out then use the opening in their ranks to run.

...shouldn't there be a second mantis somewhere? Hey, how did this happen anyway?
>>
No. 559154 ID: 4a75fa

We have heard your prayers.

We're not quite gods, but we possess wisdom and the ability to guide those with the will to their fates. Direct power isn't so much our shtick, but we can supply that, sometimes.

The undead have a master. An intelligence or power that created them. We will help you find them.

...of course, first you must survive these lackies. Which requires either cunningly staying hidden and avoiding them, or painting the snow red.
>>
No. 559156 ID: 0da00a

so you call for our help... with threats... I like you already.

Anyways what do you know about the undead here and how did you end up in this mess? As for a plan of action, wait until you see the weakest point in there defense and rush it with everything you got and run right through.
>>
No. 559159 ID: d0e0a2

Well, sorry, bubs, but the gods have gone on holiday. Instead you get us, their advising voices who have no direct divine power. Lucky you.

Okay, we only know as much about this situation as we can see around you and you tell us, so give us the deets. The quality of our advice depends on how full and honest you are about what you're facing.

You up against wraith possessed corpses, regular raised undead, or something else? I don't see any ranged enemies here, but are any of them mages?

My initial appraisal is that you can't take all of them, even with a surprise attack. You'll blow your stamina before getting through the armored ones. I say knock a hole through them and withdraw to a stronger position. That is, unless they have a ranged caster. You'll have to take that one down before running.

My tentative course of action is to wait for one to draw close, then erupt out of the snow and smash it's knees in. Then use your fury to punch a hole through their line and make a run for it. With no ranged attacks you can get away to make another ambush.
>>
No. 559160 ID: b3ca75
File 139050588629.png - (36.62KB , 900x450 , 6.png )
559160

>We have heard your prayers.
…Err… To be honest, I didn’t expect this kind of… direct answer…
>We're not quite gods, but we possess wisdom and the ability to guide those with the will to their fates.
In dark times like these I’ll accept any help I can get… of course; I do hope you mean fate as in glory and not just a pointless death.

>What do you know about the undead here?
They are different. They do not die when you destroy their chests or cut off their limbs… the only thing that seems effective is fire. Whatever harm comes to them is regenerated within an hour or two… oh, and they are smarter. They remember their past lives… yet their only goal seems to be spreading their curse to others.
>How did you end up in this mess?
I’ve sought out these lonely mountains to find whoever is responsible for this curse and slay them. I just didn’t expect fifty of these bastards coming from the forest and raiding my camp. The little sods stole all my stuff except for the hides I wear and the steel I wield.
>Are these necromancy-raised zombies?
That… I don’t know. There are a lot of natural undead in these lands thanks to all the magic, but I’ve never heard about something like this.
>If these are Wraith-possessed corpses, you can't kill them and your best bet is to go for the legs so they can't chase you. I am also surprised you are not going insane from close proximity with a Wraith in that case.
Dark spirits? Hmm… I’ve heard about them. They either use their power to play with your mind or take control over a dozen of your dead comrades to slay you with steel… but I’ve never heard about one controlling a horde like this.
>My suggestion? Kill all but one and see where he flees to.
There are too many. Either I would tire myself out long before their numbers started to dwindle or they’ll simply rush me with superior numbers.

>As for a plan of action, wait until you see the weakest point in their defense and rush it with everything you got and run right through.
>Perhaps you should avoid conflict with the two human zombies. They have armor. The lizards and mantis are lightly armored so you could take them out then use the opening in their ranks to run.
Hmm… yes… the mantis and the lady lizard is walking away from the rest of the group… leaving themselves exposed…

*Smack!*

:UnknownKAK: Arhg!
:UnknownKAK: HUMAN! Get him and tear his spine out!!
:BradfordUNB: (I got an opening to run, but there’s at least two dozen undead after me… I’m faster than them, but they are relentless and can track me further then I can run. I’m going to need a new plan, little gods.)

Insert And thus golf was invented… or maybe cricket_
>>
No. 559161 ID: a87e3a

>>559160
That many? Um, I'm sorry to say this but there must be a Demon around here somewhere for there to be so many possessed corpses. You're boned. However, your death could give us some valuable insight on what fighting a Demon is like. Continue your original plan and see if you can find their leader. Maybe your special ability will be enough to take it out?

If you can't kill the Demon you're gonna have to kill yourself rather than allow it to eat your soul. Chopping your legs off to prevent your corpse from being used as a weapon would be good too.
>>
No. 559162 ID: dbe554

We will need to find you a better defensive position, you need to continue on at a steady pace till we can find a better locale. Fighting the undead on plain ground alone is truly a deathtrap.
>>
No. 559163 ID: 9ddf68

you're in the mountains right? there has to been tons of hazardous areas for you to flee to and try and use against the undead, Like a narrow cliff if you can find one, something that only 1 or 2 can walk in at a time would be best, anywhere where you could cause an avalanche also works, and if you're anywhere near water you could try and lure them out onto thin ice. (rivers work best with then ice since the water never stops flowing so it can set right)

Failing all of those, just run into the woods, loose them in the thicket, and clime a tree and just hop tree to tree until you're away from the mountain. I mean these things have to be getting power from somewhere if they can regrow limbs, I bet they get weaker the further away from the mountain the get.
>>
No. 559167 ID: d0e0a2

Smash the mantis' shield arm and take its shield. Even if you can't wield it it is large enough to ride as a makeshift disc sled. That'll get you down snowy inclines faster than on foot.

With what you described of them I'd say your original mission was 100% fucked from the get go. Whoever is the source of these abominations undoubtedly is surrounded by them, and there's a good chance they're at least as durable as their minions. Even if you got to the mastermind, unless you were packing one hell of a magic firebomb then you would have had about as much effect on them as if you jumped off a cliff face first. In fact, it'd be even worse than that, since they'd raise your corpse as one of them.

I suggest you run into any tight grouping of trees nearby, weave between them and slow up. Let them catch up to you around the trees one or two at a time, get the jump on them, then run off. Try not to use your Windwalk power. That'll thin them out a bit.

Aim to get down to a stream or river, and keep heading downstream, away from here. You can try smacking patches of ice with your hammer to weaken them enough for your pursuers to fall through as you go.

A raging forest fire would be great right about now. You got any ideas on how to start one in your wake? You still have your flint and tinder?
>>
No. 559173 ID: b3ca75
File 139051616433.png - (29.32KB , 900x450 , 7.png )
559173

>Um, I'm sorry to say this but there must be a Demon around here somewhere for there to be so many possessed corpses. You're boned.
Pff, a daemon? Are you really calling for mommy just because of a little shadow playing pranks? Daemons have been defeated before in the old tales and we will defeat them again if they dare to come back.
>If you can't kill the Demon you're gonna have to kill yourself rather than allow it to eat your soul.
If I can’t kill it then I’ll go out kicking. I will not pussy out and do myself in. Whoever does me in will taste my hammer before I fall out of sheer spite.
>With what you described of them I'd say your original mission was 100% fucked from the get go.
And you’re just going to give up? I don’t care if I have to climb the highest of mountains, brave the wildest of rivers or fight whole armies. I will have my vengeance and even if I can’t kill them they will know of my wrath.

>We will need to find you a better defensive position, you need to continue on at a steady pace till we can find a better locale.
Hmm… while a defensive position would be good, I still think I don’t have the stamina to fight them all.
>A raging forest fire would be great right about now.
A forest fire? In the middle of the winter? Right, I’ll just light it with my fire spewing beard, now won’t I?
>Smash the mantis' shield arm and take its shield.
Got the shield… it’s rather broken but it will take a hit or two… too bad I can’t use it with my fighting style…
>You're in the mountains right? There has to been tons of hazardous areas for you to flee to and try and use against the undead.
>Aim to get down to a stream or river.
Well… I shouldn’t find a river… instead I found this deep chasm. It’s too wide to just jump over it and I’ll probably won’t die if I fall down, unless you count the likely death of being stranded with broken legs in the middle of nowhere… and it’s going to take at least ten minutes to walk around it… hmmm…

Insert I AM THE NIGHT! I AM VENGEANCE!_
>>
No. 559175 ID: a87e3a

>>559173
How fast can you chop down a tree and use it as a bridge?
>>
No. 559178 ID: 9ddf68

how steep is the hill? could you maybe use the shield as a sled and gain enough speed with it to jump the gap? I mean if you can't use the shield as a shield use it as a sled at least.
>>
No. 559185 ID: dbe554

Hmmm, are the undead autonomous enough to know how to climb? how to cross without just crashing themselves down into the chasm?
>>
No. 559192 ID: d0e0a2

Sorry, didn't realize you were dead-set on a suicide run against their master. Still, you coulda planned this a bit better so it woulda been more effective. Something like a firebomb vest with an dead-man's switch ignition would have been perfect for this situation. Incinerate your corpse and the fuckers that killed you.

Okay, I think you're gonna have to sled down the slope and ramp over the chasm. Look up and down the chasm for a spot where the far side is lower and head there. Then pack some snow at the lip into a shallow ramp and head up the slope. Take a running start and jump onto the shield.

I don't suppose you're lucky enough for there to be loose packed snow, just ready to avalanche, up the slope from the chasm, are you? 'Cause it would be great to kick that off right before sledding down, catching the enemy in it as you ramp over the chasm.

So, how long has it been since these "super undead" first appeared, and how fast have their numbers been growing? Do you know where and how more of them are made? Like, can only their leader do it or are there lieutenants that can do it as well?
>>
No. 559220 ID: 4a75fa

>little gods
Oh, I like that.

>plan
Run back up the hill, and then sled or snowboard down the slope on the shield? If you build up enough speed you can just that gap, and move a lot faster than the undead can run.

And they won't be able to duplicate the trick if their coordination or reflexes have been at all impacted by death.
>>
No. 559243 ID: b3ca75
File 139057804081.png - (32.05KB , 900x450 , 8.png )
559243

>Sorry, didn't realize you were dead-set on a suicide run against their master.
I never said I suicide. I simply stated that I might have the odds against me. I’m not stupid, I do realize I might not even be able to do this alone...
>So, how long has it been since these "super undead" first appeared, and how fast have their numbers been growing?
They started coming down from these mountains a few months ago and they’ve been growing in numbers ever since. Though, I never realized there would be these many just… roaming around up here. In fact, this almost looks like an organized raid… hmm…
>Do you know where and how more of them are made?
All I know is that they are coming from the tallest of the northern mountains, the pillars of the heavens.

>How fast can you chop down a tree and use it as a bridge?
Not fast enough. They are going to come out of the tree thicket any minute now.
>Hmmm, are the undead autonomous enough to know how to climb? how to cross without just crashing themselves down into the chasm?
They seem rather… sentient, so they are probably not just going to fall down the cliff… but… I’ve seen them do some rather physically impossible stuff so there’s always the chance they’ll just jump over, casualties be damned… hmmm…
>Run back up the hill, and then sled or snowboard down the slope on the shield? If you build up enough speed you can just that gap, and move a lot faster than the undead can run.
Hmm…



:UnknownKAK: We know you’re here human… we can sense you!!
:UnknownKAK: There! On the other side of the cliff! He used the shield to get over! Follow him! Those that fall will have to join up with us later.

:UnknownKAK: …there are no tracks here?
:UnknownKAK: No matter, spread out and search for the broken one in the woods, the human has to be hiding here somewhere… but don’t search for too long, brethren, we need to return the loot we got from the caravan to the master.

:BradfordUNB: (Heh, the bastards caught the bait… hmm… Is it just me, or is the fair haired one ordering the others around? I’ve never seen the dead do that before… well, at least they don’t have my scent anymore… and the ones that didn’t make the jump is probably rather inconvenient down at the bottom of th-)
:UnknownKAK: Help! By Thanes spear, somebody, please, help!
:UnknownKAK: Don’t worry, brother and sisters, it’s only our friends raiding the hunting lodges around here…
:BradfordUNB: (That came from further up the cliff face… never a calm moment, eh tiny gods?)

Insert Holding out for a hero! A strong and fast one fresh from the fight_
>>
No. 559244 ID: 6afdbb

So this it the part where we try to save whoever we can and form a party to try to get back up to the top of the mountain with greater numbers where you failed alone or are we just going to grab them and run like hell away from here?
>>
No. 559249 ID: 4a75fa

>Is it just me, or is the fair haired one ordering the others around?
It's not you. They're smart enough to have a chain of command.

>Never a calm moment, eh tiny gods?
Heh. Certainly not. We almost don't know what to do with ourselves in a calm, anymore.

You should probably investigate that attack. People in danger and all that. If nothing else, maybe there's a chance to stop the undead from further swelling their ranks.
>>
No. 559252 ID: a87e3a

>>559243
Let's go investigate. No other leads anyway.
>>
No. 559260 ID: b3ca75
File 139058752757.png - (43.13KB , 900x450 , 9.png )
559260

>So this it the part where we try to save whoever we can and form a party to try to get back up to the top of the mountain with greater numbers where you failed alone?
You do realize I haven’t even reached the foot of the mountain they come from, right? And I wouldn’t call meeting some opposition failure. But… it wouldn’t hurt to have someone you trust as an extra sword arm, wouldn’t it?
>It's not you. They're smart enough to have a chain of command.
Which is something to worry about….
>You should probably investigate that attack. People in danger and all that. If nothing else, maybe there's a chance to stop the undead from further swelling their ranks.
If anything, we might piss off whoever is ordering these undead around.



:BradfordUNB: (Hmm… I can see a cabin just ahead… one of the hunting lodges the undead wa-)
:VladUNB: HELP!! AAAH!!! –OFF!!!
:UnknownKAK: Join us, lizard! Join us in our happiness!

Insert Never a dull moment_
>>
No. 559262 ID: 76b151

Good thing you have those throwing axes.
>>
No. 559264 ID: 4a75fa

Right, there's just two. Time to paint the snow red.
>>
No. 559269 ID: 9ddf68

throw one of your axes and then comment on how that how that "happiness" thing sound like an invention to a gang rape, and how she's laying down is do anything to dispel how wrong that statement sounded. Then when they're thrown off by that comment finish them off with your hammer, or if they're the regenerating kind that don't know when to politely die, attack there legs so they can't chase you right away and there jaws so they can't yell for help.
>>
No. 559276 ID: d315b1

Hit the closer one with your throwing axe, then rush in and fuck them up with your hammer.

>>559269
What.
>>
No. 559279 ID: b3ca75
File 139059545836.png - (36.68KB , 900x450 , 10.png )
559279

>Good thing you have those throwing axes. Time to paint the snow red.
Indeed it is… let them hear my steel sing.
>If they're the regenerating kind that doesn’t know when to politely die, attack their legs so they can't chase you right away and their jaws so they can't yell for help.
Or I can just cut them in half, destroying their lungs in the process.

:BradfordUNB: I hope you’ll appreciate seeing my steel dance in the wind.
:UnknownKAK: Broken on- *Gurgle*!
:VladUNB: AAH!! H-holy Siegfried b-beard!
:BradfordUNB: Hmm… t-they don’t *wheeze* seems so happy now, d-do they? *pant*
:VladUNB: Y-you cut them… the tree… You cut the tree in… W-why are there t-two of you- are you standing on the s-snow!? w-who are you!? What are you!? Aaah!! Please don’t kill me!
:BradfordUNB: …why wo-
:VladUNB: I DON’T WANT TO DIE!
:BradfordUNB:

Insert Double kill_
>>
No. 559280 ID: 53ba34

"are you happy the zombies are dead or not?"
>>
No. 559281 ID: a87e3a

>>559279
Tell him to be quiet, unless he wants to attract more attention. It's an afterimage. Pick him up and find out what happened.

Hang on, is that the second time you used Windwalk? Try to save your strength for the main event, will you?
>>
No. 559284 ID: 9ddf68

any chance of retrieving your ax?

Anyways as for the guy, Just ask him if you wanted to see him die then why would you have saved him from the zombies in the first place? I mean come on, people do sometimes help when you call for help.
>>
No. 559294 ID: b3ca75
File 139059973373.png - (35.32KB , 900x450 , 11.png )
559294

>Is that the second time you used Windwalk? Try to save your strength for the main event, will you?
I’m pretty sure the main event isn’t going to unfold today. Besides, I can recover my stamina relative quickly if I take a quick rest. But, yes, that was windwalking… wait, how do you- nevermind… minds of gods and all that… even small gods…
>Any chance of retrieving your ax?
It’s still stuck in the tree stump and it’s made to endure this kind of punishment. I’ll recovery it after I’ve dealt with the boy.

:BradfordUNB: First off, if I wanted you dead I would have let the dead eat you. Second, the only thing you’re currently accomplishing with all that screaming is attracting more of those things.
:VladUNB: Y-you’re not- but-
:BradfordUNB: I’m a windwalker, I can do things that normal people can’t.
:VladUNB: …YOU’RE A FREAKING WINDWALKER!? By the gods, I thought you guys were legends I… I…
:BradfordUNB: Keep it together, boy. What happened here?
:VladUNB: I j-just came back from checking t-the snares and… we have rune that’s supposed to keep them at bay b-but… Oh no… My Pa and little sister is still in there! I need to go an-
:BradfordUNB: And what, feed the undead a bit more, boy?
:VladUNB: I got a b-bow and arrow at the cabin I can u-use and… and I’m not a boy! I’m 17! I’m an adult fo-
:BradfordUNB: Not now, boy. I can see that the door is open from here… stay here while I check it out. I rather not have an extra back to protect.
:VladUNB: Wha- no! I’m coming with you! I’m a hunter! I know how to use a bow!
:BradfordUNB: But have you ever fought someone who fights back with steel?
:VladUNB: Err… no but… b-but… that’s my family! I have to save them!

Insert Clearly, he’s a man with a fetish for the word steel_
>>
No. 559295 ID: dbe554

I don't think he's seen a windwalker, he also might either be in shock, or extreme panic after a near death event. Try and calm him.
>>
No. 559298 ID: 9ddf68

well since the cabin is nearby tell him if he wants to help he should clime the tree behind him and act as a sentry to warn us of any more dead coming our way. If he starts bitching about that tell him that 1) he's still panicking a bit and is more likely to be a problem then a help right now 2) while we don't doubt he can use a bow if he want's to go inside the cabin he'll be in a enclosed space where bows and arrows aren't all that helpful, and 3) he's a hunter right? that means he should be good at spotting things, so he'll be best as a sentry because he can probably spot things that even you would miss and since he'd be up in a try would have plenty of space to fill things up with arrows while being a pain in the ass for any zombies to get at him to gnaw on him (unless they themselves have bows or magic, but don't tell him that part)
>>
No. 559299 ID: 53fda7

Hrrrm...A few thoughts here.
"Listen, kid.
I don't need another back to protect, and these undead are not easy to stop. If your family's in danger I *MIGHT* Be able to save them. But judging by what I just saw? You can't hold your own, and I'd have to save you more than you'd help.
Even if we ASSUME you can fight...Your weapon is a bow and arrow. These Undead regenerate, and well enough that I need to adjust my tactics just to do enough damage to slow the blasted monsters down, and I sliced those two in half. Unless you can do the same, I'd be better served if you stayed out of the fight, instead of having to worry about you dying and having to dodge those same arrows. This isn't a place to prove yourself a man."
>>
No. 559300 ID: 87e6c2

>I rather not have an extra back to protect.

You're kinda stuck with him. You can't leave him out of your sight when there are zombies freaking everywhere; he'd be as toast as if you never found him. Just ask him to do something he can't mess up, like watch the door or provide information on the insides of the cabin.

Now go rend some undead.
>>
No. 559302 ID: a87e3a

>>559294
Arrows won't do dick against these undead. All he'll be is a distraction in combat. I guess he could serve as a lookout or an extra pair of hands, though.
>>
No. 559304 ID: b3ca75
File 139060864445.png - (17.51KB , 900x450 , 12.png )
559304

>You're kinda stuck with him. You can't leave him out of your sight when there are zombies freaking everywhere; he'd be as toast as if you never found him.
Hmm… you’re right… there’s supposed to be a city somewhere in the valley. I can probably drop him off there… I needed to stop by there for supplies anyway.
>Listen, kid…
:BradfordUNB: I know you want to show your mettle, but this is the not the fight to do so. These aren’t your normal undead, your arrow will be like a fart in a snowstorm against them. You’re only going to get in the way and make it harder for me to save whoever is left in there. If you want to help climb a tree or something and keep watch for more of them.
:VladUNB: This… this isn’t about my mettle! It’s about my family! I… fine, I’ll keep watch… but I will show you I can be useful!
:BradfordUNB: Just keep out of my way, boy.
:VladUNB: I’m not a boy!

>Now go rend some undead.
Hmm… no lights?
:UnknownKAK: …Big brother? Is that you?
:BradfordUNB: …please don’t tell me they cursed a child.
:UnknownKAK: You’re not big brother… but you can still play with me! Do wanna play with me, mister? We can have so much fun… you just need to join us… Don’t you want to be happy?
:BradfordUNB: What kind of monster does this!?
:UnknownKAK: …why are you angry? Does anger make you happy? Don’t you want to be happy? Think about it… no more anger… no more pain… sadness… lonlyness… stress… unhappiness… all gone. Don’t you think that sounds nice, mister…?
:BradfordUNB:

Insert To say something positive about undeath, it isn’t discriminating_
>>
No. 559305 ID: 9ddf68

you realize that the bad things in life only enhance the good things right? Besides by the sound of things this kid only just died, how the hell does he know weather or not he can or can't feel these things, I mean that one undead who was looking for you earlier seemed to be getting pretty pissed that you got away.

Anyways, I don't like how the damn place is so dark, way to easy to walk into an ambush, think you could maybe knock a few holes in the walls to let in more light, or just knock a wall down in general. Cause I can see something behind the kid, not sure if it's just a severed head or another undead though and I think I can see something in the space on the opposite side of the cabin, not sure what but I think it might be a mantis. Oh and if you do knock down the wall make sure it's on the part of the building with no windows/light so we can see what's inside.
>>
No. 559306 ID: 87e6c2

It's tough to see in the dark, but there's a head on a table behind the girl. There's also some kind of lizard-shaped thing in the other direction, but I have no idea if it's undead or a suit of armor or the father or what. If you have any way to improve the lighting, you should do it.

And yes, lies usually sound very nice.
>>
No. 559307 ID: a87e3a

>>559304
There's someone else hiding in there, in full armor. To your right.

So don't go in. Make them come out to you.
>>
No. 559310 ID: b3ca75
File 139061284169.png - (19.73KB , 900x450 , 13.png )
559310

>yes, lies usually sound very nice.
Verbal shit usually smell nicer then the real deal, yes.
>There's someone else hiding in there, in full armor. To your right.
If only I had some light…
>Think you could maybe knock a few holes in the walls to let in more light, or just knock a wall down in general?
Hmm… these walls seems rather sturdy…

>If you have any way to improve the lighting, you should do it.
:BradfordUNB: Hey, kid, do you have a latern o- Did you just light a fire in front of th-
*Tock*
:UnknownKAK: Eek!! FIRE! FIRE!!
:BradfordUNB: …huh, they are rather flammable, no?
:UnknownKAK: No! Not uncle tin can! Die human!!

Insert At least it didn’t hit his knee_
>>
No. 559313 ID: 9ddf68

if the kid is going to try and kill you, let them come to you. because try to swing a hammer through a door way is a bitch.

Then grab some of the wood from the fireplace and use mister tin can's flame to light it and explore the upper rooms
>>
No. 559314 ID: dbe554

Well that was rather impressive aim! He's better then we thought, and it seems that with slightly more mind to them they still fear fire, either because they take more damage to it, or they remember it's pain fully.

Either way, can we get more fire in here?
>>
No. 559315 ID: a87e3a

>>559310
I think you can easily kill them all now.
>>
No. 559317 ID: 53fda7

no more stress or unhappiness eh?
Step back, wait for child to charge, and then clock head clean off!
Also: Points to the hunter kid! I really did think he should have gotten out of dodge there for a bit.
>>
No. 559327 ID: 76b151

When the kid charges you trip him up so he crashes into the flaming uncle.
>>
No. 559353 ID: 4a75fa

>I’m not a boy!
Sorry, lass. Tough to tell with you lizards, what with the lack of breasts and beards.

Still, going to be a bit awkward to tell someone you had to put down their zombified family.
>>
No. 559388 ID: b3ca75
File 139065530246.png - (19.33KB , 900x450 , 14.png )
559388

>Sorry, lass. Tough to tell with you lizards, what with the lack of breasts and beards.
Lass? That’s quite clearly a boy. He’s just mad that I’m referring to him as a child… which he is.
>When the kid charges you trip him up so he crashes into the flaming uncle.
Or I can just pick her up and throw her in. Even with the improved strength of undeath she’s still an unarmed little girl.
:UnknownKAK: EEE!! FIRE BAD, FIRE BAD!!!
>I think you can easily kill them all now.
And burn their corpses for good measure. I’ll burn the one who hasn’t risen yet too, just to be sure.

>Then grab some of the wood from the fireplace and use mister tin can's flame to light it.
Hmm… the wood in the fireplace is drenched in water. Did the undead snuff the light? Never mind, I’ll just grab some wood from somewhere else.
>explore the upper rooms.
The only thing of note I found was a broken window and a discarded crossbow bolt. Going by the blood on the bolt and the wound on the little girl I’m guessing this is what killed her… hmm… the bolt has some kind of weird green liquid on it…

>Still, going to be a bit awkward to tell someone you had to put down their zombified family.
:BradfordUNB: I’ve cleared out all the rooms… All the undead has been dealt with… um… I’m guessing that was your Pa and sister?
:VladUNB: …yes… yes it was… I… I… someone had smashed the rune of protection… how did they get to it? It’s supposed to keep them at bay…
:BradfordUNB: …Are you feeling alright, boy?
:VladUNB: …stop calling me boy, old man.
:BradfordUNB: …you do realize the house you’re standing in is on fire, right?
:VladUNB: … … …why us?
:BradfordUNB: Huh?
:VladUNB: Why did they attack us? We don’t have anything they want…

Insert Well, you do have a lot of that fresh, succulent flesh of yours… mmm… lizard flesh *Drools*_
>>
No. 559389 ID: dbe554

To these undead, they don't care that you have anything. You as a person is what they want, they want to swell their ranks, to grow more and destroy more.

Apparently they are recruiting, and they are using ranged weaponry infected with some new poison or plague. Keep a sample of it to bring to an alchemist it might be vital to figure out what they are using.
>>
No. 559395 ID: 53fda7

1. show him the bolt.
We dunno what it is, but it's probably something the undead used.
As for why? Soldiers. This kid's actually a good shot-his father was probably a skilled fighter given the armor and weapon, and even the sister found a way to contribute-what's to say the whole town didn't have people like that?

As far as the rune of protection...Where was the thing? Right in the center of town or so?
>>
No. 559402 ID: 9ddf68

think they're just trying to swell there numbers to build an army or something, no idea why though. Also I think they fired some kind of toxic bolt into your sister killing and turning her and had her smash the rune.
>>
No. 559406 ID: 4a75fa

>He’s just mad that I’m referring to him as a child… which he is.
That may be true, but it's certainly not going to help the situation to aggravate him needlessly. And one way or another, his childhood ended today anyways.

>We don’t have anything they want
You had yourselves. As far as I've seen, all these creatures want is to kill and make more of themselves.
>>
No. 559415 ID: b3ca75
File 139067247597.png - (22.35KB , 900x450 , 15.png )
559415

>the whole town.
…it’s one cabin. I would hardly call one house a town.
>As far as the rune of protection...Where was the thing?
I think I saw it in the hall just up the stairs.
>Apparently they are recruiting.
:BradfordUNB: -and I don’t know why, but they seem to be building an army.
:VladUNB: An army? We weren’t soldiers, we were just a family of hunters…
>This kid's actually a good shot.
:BradfordUNB: …really? Because that shot you just made was rather impressive. Hell, how did you even know he was there?
:VladUNB: Err… I didn’t? You said he was there, remember?
:BradfordUNB: …I didn’t utter a word, bo- brother.
:VladUNB: …then who is it that I’m hearing whispering since I met you?

>his father was probably a skilled fighter given the armor and weapon.
:VladUNB: There it was again and… um… my father didn’t own any armor… I think you’re confusing my father with the undead paladin that was in here, mysterious voice… my father was… he… I…
:BradfordUNB: He was the headless one, yes?
:VladUNB: …y-yes.
>Show him the bolt. I think they fired some kind of toxic bolt into your sister killing and turning her and had her smash the rune.
:VladUNB: I… I’ve never seen the dead use a ranged weapon before…
:BradfordUNB: I’m pretty sure they can’t. They can barely use their melee weapons as it is.

>Keep a sample of it to bring to an alchemist it might be vital to figure out what they are using.
:VladUNB: We should take it to the closes city. The road isn’t far from here and it’s probably an hour on foot from there.
:BradfordUNB: We?
:VladUNB: …Um… there isn’t a lot of other places out here… so I just assumed… err…
:BradfordUNB: I was heading there anyway… might just as well suffer your presence a while longer.
:VladUNB: Oh… um… I… I need to grab some stuff and… err…
:BradfordUNB: You better hurry, the house is going to start to burn any second now.
:VladUNB: Right… err… Who are these voices? …and you? Who are you?
:BradfordUNB: They are tiny gods that have come to guide me to my vengeance… me, Bradford the savage, Windwalker.
:VladUNB: Oh… um… I’m V-Vladimir and… I’m a h-hunter… I guess?
:BradfordUNB: …I have to admit, you’re taking your loss rather gracefully.
:VladUNB: …I… I don’t have time to cry right now, right… I… I need to get somewhere safe then… I… I can slaughter some of them as revenge or cry my eyes out or… or… or something! I don’t know! I… I just can’t… not now…

[You have gained a new pawn: “The hunter”!]

Insert Oh, look at that pretty fire_
>>
No. 559419 ID: 9ddf68

yeah we gained a new friend. Anyways Vlad hurry and grab what you need because the fire is starting to spread. Oh and uh, sorry for you loss really wish we could have met under better circumstances.

Alright so Brad, The plan is just to run to town, hope the undead haven't ransacked the place yet and try to figure out what the hell we're dealing with before trying to force our way up the mountain again or did you have something else in mind?
>>
No. 559420 ID: 4a75fa

Oh, Vlad can hear us?

We're sorry for what happened to your family, and that we arrived too late to help. We'll try and guide you to your safety, or vengeance, or whatever it is you seek, if you'll let us.

You're right that you don't have time to mourn now, though.

Gather what you need from the house, quickly. Before the flames engulf it, or we attract more of the corrupted dead.
>>
No. 559425 ID: a87e3a

>>559415
Oh, I know who fired the arrow. They have living cultists on their side. We met some in the south.

So keep an eye out for archers. Oh. Kick that head into the fire too.
>>
No. 559439 ID: b3ca75
File 139067932758.png - (23.19KB , 900x450 , 16.png )
559439

>We're sorry for what happened to your family, and that we arrived too late to help.
:VladUNB: Let’s… let’s just get away from here, a-alright?
>We'll try and guide you to your safety, or vengeance, or whatever it is you seek, if you'll let us.
:VladUNB: ….I… I don’t really… what do I want? …um… happiness?
>Oh, I know who fired the arrow. They have living cultists on their side.
:BradfordUNB: Finally, some normal skulls to bash in!
:VladUNB: …you’re way to enthusiastic about that.
>Gather what you need from the house, quickly. Before the flames engulf it, or we attract more of the corrupted dead.
:VladUNB: Don’t worry, most of the stuff is already p-packed. Mostly survival stuff and clothes… um… and my grandfather’s magical quiver… he used to be an adventurer and… let’s just say this thing saved us a fortune on the fletcher. I think… I think you’re supposed to be able to make fire arrows from this thing too…

>The plan is just to run to town, hope the undead haven't ransacked the place yet and try to figure out what the hell we're dealing with before trying to force our way up the mountain again or did you have something else in mind?
I haven’t really planned further then getting to town. We’ll see where we end up… and who’s going to hear my steel sing…

:VladUNB: Here’s the road… now we only need to follow it in that direction.
:BradfordUNB: …the same direction as that pillar of smoke?
:VladUNB: Err… yes… good news is that It’s too close to be from the town but… bad news is t-that’s it’s definitely coming from further up the road. What do we do?
:BradfordUNB: Oh, I do hope it’s cultist… I’ve been looking forward to cleave some living skulls for a while…

Insert Smoke on the water… snow is water, right?_
>>
No. 559440 ID: a87e3a

>>559439
What's that glowing on the mountaintop?

I say scout it out, but remain unseen. It may just be a burning pile of undead corpses.
>>
No. 559441 ID: 9ddf68

there's also something on top of the mountain but village first, mountain second, we need more hands to help us get there anyways
>>
No. 559447 ID: 4a75fa

I don't suppose anyone has keen enough eyes to make out the light on the mountain? Or binoculars, or telescope?

I'd suggest approaching the smoke carefully. We don't know what's there, or how many. Remember, these dead can sense the living, and you don't want to be in a fight too big too handle again.
>>
No. 559455 ID: b3ca75
File 139068767652.png - (33.30KB , 900x450 , 17.png )
559455

>What's that glowing on the mountaintop?
:VladUNB: It’s been coming and going for months now… no one seems to know what it is.
>Remember, these dead can sense the living, and you don't want to be in a fight too big too handle again.
:VladUNB: Oh, r-right… here, this amulet will hide your soul from the dead… err… I think.
:BradfordUNB: You think?
:VladUNB: They were designed for the mindless undead so… just remember they can still see you normally… I and Pa used to… used… they work, aright…

>I say scout it out, but remain unseen. It may just be a burning pile of undead corpses.
The smell says its corpses and… other things… lot of different things. Hmm, a caravan?

:JalUNB: Come on, Alexandra! Get moving! Who knows when the dead come back?
:AlexUNB: Hey, how do you expect me to carry all this!? Why can’t you put some of my stuff on the spider too?
:JalUNB: Because it can’t carry that much! Just be happy the dead didn’t eat all the spiders.
:AlexUNB: Then why is it just your stuff on it?
:JalUNB: Because it’s more expensive! …not to say fragile. The only thing you got that weight anything is the makeup and perfume! Just dump it, I say!
:AlexUNB: You know how important this stuff is for me, Jal. Just as important as your alchemy stuff is to you.
:JalUNB: How about this… the one who killed the most undead gets the spider. I killed at least four of them when I fire bombed the cart in front of us. You only killed one with your “holy” magic. So, I win, I get the spider.
:AlexUNB: Might I remind you that the one I killed was about to take a bit out of your fat abdomen!? And if it wasn’t for me practicing my undead repellent rites when that horde of undead came we would have been sharing fate with the cart in front of us.
:JalUNB: We were lucky they found some other poor sod to chase instead of standing around here… but can’t you just carry it? We can’t be far from town!
:AlexUNB: It’s heavy, alright! Besides, a proper lady doesn’t go around the wilderness ca-
:JalUNB: You? A proper lady? Allow me to laugh! Ha!

Insert Wait, you’re serious!? Allow me to laugh harder!_
>>
No. 559457 ID: 53fda7

That 'poor sod' as you call him, is here, and while probably dissapointed at more survivors as opposed to the living cultists he was hoping for, I'm sure the ward-like aqquisition to the party, the young lizard ranger will be happy to meet other fellows.
Or perhaps instead of being round-about, let me just introduce you!
The poor sod=Bradford the Savage, Windwalker. He's actually awesome.
lizard ranger=Vladimir the Impaler-actually no. He hasn't earned a cool nickname yet, but he's a good shot.
Could you be so kind as to give your names?
>>
No. 559468 ID: dbe554

Hm, a holy man and an alchemist, how handy. More eyes is better to watch each others backs with.
>>
No. 559475 ID: a87e3a

Alright guys, I think you should help these travelers move their stuff to town.
>>
No. 559480 ID: 4a75fa

I'm afraid this is no time for petty infighting, or worrying about personal possessions.
>>
No. 559487 ID: 549d6c
File 139069716313.png - (33.98KB , 900x450 , 18.png )
559487

>Could you be so kind as to give your names?

:BradfordUNB: I don’t think they can hear you… but going from their conservation… The lizard gal is named Alexandra and the Mantis lad is called Jal.
>While probably disappointed at more survivors as opposed to the living cultists he was hoping for…
:BradfordUNB: Ah yes… My hammer longs for the taste of living blood.
:VladUNB: …right, getting a bit creepy there, wind man.

>Hm, a holy man and an alchemist, how handy. More eyes are better to watch each other’s backs with.
:BradfordUNB: Hail, learned one and priestess. Are you on your way to the town?
:AlexUNB: Priestess? Oh, not yet…
:JalUNB: Hail, fellow traveler. Yes, we are indeed on our way to Ängladal. Do you care to join us?
:VladUNB: The more the merrier…
>I'm afraid this is no time for petty infighting, or worrying about personal possessions.
:VladUNB: -because there’s might still undead nearby, r-right?
:BradfordUNB: Being the poor sod they chased off I can attest that they are still wandering around out here.
:AlexUNB: Oh, but with you here the problem is already solved! I mean… I’m sure two strong looking men like you can easily help me carry some of my possessions for little old me… oh, I would be so… grateful~
:BradfordUNB: …remove your hands from my chest or I’ll remove them from your wrists.
:AlexUNB: Geez, who shoved a stick up your butt?
:JalUNB: You’ll have to excuse Alexandra here but… she believes flirting will solve most things.
:AlexUNB: You don’t need to be mad just because I was gifted with feminine charms…
:JalUNB: Feminine charms, my abdomen.
>Alright guys, I think you should help these travelers move their stuff to town.
:VladUNB: Um… actually… I think I can carry it if you want…
:AlexUNB: Really? Why, thank you, big boy… I’m sure I’ll find a way to reward you, handsome~
:JalUNB: Oh, please…
:VladUNB: *Off* I-It’s rather… heavy, isn’t’ *nng* it?
:AlexUNB: I’m sure a well-trained outdoors man like you won’t have any problem at all, cutie.
:VladUNB: *Ngg* Y-y-yes, of c-course… err…
:AlexUNB: Now, onwards!
:JalUNB: Err… are you sure the boy can carr-
:VladUNB: I’m not a boy! …And I’m *wheeze* fine… I… I just need… just need to get a better grip… that’s all… *pant*…

Insert if you know what I mean_
>>
No. 559489 ID: a87e3a

>>559487
Vlad, don't hurt yourself. You need to be battle-ready. Ask Alex to take one side of it. Two people on one chest. Uh, once you get it down from there, anyway. Bradford, you might have to help him get it down from there.
>>
No. 559491 ID: 4a75fa

Vlad, overexerting or exhausting yourself won't help anything. You'll need to divide that load up, some.
>>
No. 559492 ID: dbe554

Actually while vlad is up there trying to get that chest down, show the alchemist the substance you found on the bolt. See if he can figure it out from a cursory glance.
>>
No. 559533 ID: 9ddf68

Vlad your in the damn snow, can't you find a piece of wood from the wreaked caravan and some rope and use the makeshift sled to carry the chick's heavy crap? No need to do more work when there's a simpler and easier way to do things.

But yeah while we're walking to town might as well see what the bug knows about the stuff on the bolt we found and maybe ask him how many firebombs he has left incase we do end up in another fight before we make it back to town.
>>
No. 559553 ID: 549d6c
File 139073792423.png - (26.31KB , 900x450 , 19.png )
559553

>Vlad you’re in the damn snow, can't you find a piece of wood from the wreaked caravan and some rope and use the makeshift sled to carry the chick's heavy crap?
:VladUNB: (Um… that would work, yes…) There we go, a nice sled for your chest, madam.
:AlexUNB: Just be careful with my stuff, sweetie.
>Ask him how many firebombs he has left.
:JalUNB: Well… none. But I do have the ingredients to mix up a cocktail real quick in a hurry… of course, I rather not burn away all my salves before I even get to the city.
>Show the alchemist the substance you found on the bolt. See if he can figure it out from a cursory glance.
:JalUNB: Hmm… you said this supposedly made someone undead? I’m going to need my equipment for anything definite, but I’ll take a small sample now for later testing. I suggest you show it to the order of light when we get to the city, though, they know a lot of the dead around here.
:BradfordUNB: The who?
:AlexUNB: The order of light? The light bringers? The anti-undead group? They have a sanctuary built in Ängladal just right up ahead… in fact; I heard the Arch-Bishop of their order himself is there right now!
:VladUNB: Err… you remember that… armored undead I burned? The one with a sun on his chest? That was probably a paladin of their order who’s fallen in battle.

:JalUNB: Well then, gents, what bring you do these lonely mountains? I’m here to make use of all the amazing ingredients and interesting mixtures you can find here for my alchemy research, myself.
:AlexUNB: I’m here to join with the order of light as an healer…
:BradfordUNB: …Vengeance, against whoever is creating these undead.
:JalUNB: Vengeance? You should do good to remember the story about Richard Mobey and his hunt for the albino troll... and you, young man, why are you here?
:VladUNB: Um… well… I live… I used to live here…
:AlexUNB: Used to? You just moved out?
:VladUNB: My Pa and sister was eaten by the undead while my house burned down twenty minutes ago.
:AlexUNB: I… Oh… that’s… I’m sorry, I didn’t… err… maybe I should pull the sled for a while…
:VladUNB: It’s… it’s fine… I can pull it, no problem… it doesn’t matter anyway… I can see the roof of some of the taller houses already.
:JalUNB: Ah… finally some good news… oh, and sorry for your loss, young man…
:VladUNB: Err… guys… I think I see a bunch of undead hiding among the trees just up the road… I don’t think they’ve seen us yet but… they seem to be watching the town…

Insert Richard is kind of a dick, right Ishmael?_
>>
No. 559555 ID: dbe554

We should get in, alert the town watch and the paladins. A well prepared defensive force is far better then a scattered panicked defense force trying to get its ass in gear. Double time folks!
>>
No. 559556 ID: be60a1

whoooa guys hold up a second. Undead in front of us we're going to need to bypass, and thanks to the supplies of the holy lady Alex and Alchemist Jai, sneaking ain't happening, not without leaving those behind...
Soo here's what I'm thinking, and this depends on how many undead are out there.
if there's like 10 or so of em I think we can take em. But if there's enough to viably siege the town? We're gonna need a plan...
Here's what I got so far.
Brad&Alex, your job is defense, holy ward the caravan, beat down anything that comes close, just keep the undead at bay.
Vlad, Jai, you're the offense-your abilities are better suited for killing the undead outright.
>>
No. 559575 ID: 549d6c
File 139076007533.png - (48.75KB , 900x450 , 20.png )
559575

>Thanks to the supplies of the holy lady Alex and Alchemist Jai, sneaking ain't happening, not without leaving those behind...
:JalUNB: Yeah, I’m not leaving my stuff behind.
:AlexUNB: Can’t we just walk around them? You know this isn’t a 2d world after all…
>We should get in, alert the town watch and the paladins.
:BradfordUNB: They seem rather alert already… I can see them patrol on the stonewall around the city… but I don’t think they’ve seen these undead yet.
:JalUNB: Stone wall? I haven’t read anything about this village having a stone wall.
:VladUNB: It didn’t before the order came six months ago. It’s grown a lot since then.

>If there's like 10 or so of ‘em I think we can take ‘em.
:VladUNB: I can count ten of them… sitting there in the snow… spread out in a straight line…
:AlexUNB: I for one vote that we go around them. I’m a lady, not a fighter.
:JalUNB: I have to agree, I rather avoid getting wounded if possible.
:BradfordUNB: Bah, stop sucking your mother teats. The less undead the better, I say.
:AnnaUNB: Yeah! Let’s crush some skulls!
:VladUNB: I… I rather see them dead then have them destroy someone else’s life. Hmm… but why are they just sitting there in the snow?
:AlexUNB: They are taking a rest?
:JalUNB: They are dead, they don’t need to rest. They are probably just waiting to ambush someone.
:AnnaUNB: Maybe they are spies!? Trying to find weaknesses in the city’s defenses!
:BradfordUNB: Hmm… did you see someone with a sun on their chest?
:VladUNB: You mean someone in the order? I don’t think so, why?
:BradfordUNB: Just a thought I had.
:JalUNB: So… between the four of us, two voted for going around and three voted for killing them, so… wait… that doesn’t add up…
:UnknownKAK: Raid the caravan at all costs… raid caravan all costs…

Insert 2+2=5… there are five lights… five!_
>>
No. 559577 ID: 76b151

You picked up a spare somehow. However she clearly is not undead so her vote definately counts. CHARGE!
>>
No. 559580 ID: 9ddf68

If they're all grouped togather like that couldn't you just get rid of all of them with one well place firebomb?

Also who the hell is the lady and where the hell did she come from?
>>
No. 559581 ID: 4a75fa

>Anna
...wait, where do you come from? You only got one vote at character creation!
>>
No. 559582 ID: be60a1

As much as Bradford and Pally there might want to smash the undead themselves, I think the burning tree idea is a good one.
Vlad, set the tree on fire, then them when they come for us.
Brad, Pally, Alex, the three of you can ward them off/smash them down, Jai, your supplies are limited-let's save them for the town.
>>
No. 559591 ID: 549d6c
File 139076411655.png - (50.62KB , 900x450 , 21.png )
559591

>...wait, where did you come from?
:BradfordUNB: Who in the name of Hel are you!?
:AnnaUNB: Oh, hi guys! I’m Ann-Sofie, soon to be paladin in training and I saw you guys were about to crack some skulls so I decided to join the fun!
:AlexUNB: Wait, weren’t you on the same caravan we came with?
:AnnaUNB: That’s right... and these undead were some of the one who attacked us. At least, they are the ones who chased after the four carts who manage to escape the initial attack. Don’t know what happened to the carts that was left behind.
:JalUNB: One of them was lost, the other one was protected by Alex her-
:AlexUNB: Alexandra.
:JalUNB: -Alexandra here thus saving our lives.
:AnnaUNB: Well, that’s some good news… now let’s start cracking skulls!

>Vlad, set the tree on fire.
:VladUNB: …it doesn’t really want to catch fire…
:AnnaUNB: Hey, what are you doing!? If you burn them now we can’t collect their still beating hearts!
:AlexUNB: …Why would you want to collect their still beating hearts? Also… Ew…
:AnnaUNB: Because the Order pays you like… five crows for each heart. They say it’s were all the evil magic is and stuff and they want to burn it and stuff… so five crows as proof that you killed one of the unbroken ones.
:BradfordUNB: …sounds like fun… but… um… why are they still just standing there even though they are starting to catch fire?
>However she clearly is not undead so her vote definitely counts. CHARGE!
:BradfordUNB: They don’t even react?
:AnnaUNB: …maybe they are broken? Try to restart them! Maybe you should blow in their cartridges a few times!
:AlexUNB: Again… ew…
:VladUNB: For some reason this is rather disappointing…
:UnknownKAK: Raid… caravan… raid…

Insert They probably played too much video games… or read to many quests. Quests makes you a brainless zombie! They are the devil! Censor all quests!_
>>
No. 559595 ID: 4a75fa

>hyperactive overeager trainie paladin skullcracker stillbeatingheart-collecter rewardseeker
You'll fit in just wonderfully.

>collect hearts
These are wraith-based undead, though. Their power isn't in a heart / core you can destroy or remove. The only effective countermeasure is to destroy the body completely.

>not moving
Well, might as well take advantage of that. Either chop them up or just head to town.
>>
No. 559596 ID: 9ddf68

huh, these undead must be programmed only to attack caravans... I'm also noticing a bubble just right of the leaves of the tree we just lit on fire, also now that I see that I'm also noticing some kind of wall? I mean right in front of the zombies the light changes somewhat. Think they might be at the edge of the towns anti-undead ruin thing.
>>
No. 559601 ID: 91e607

Yeah, be careful of that light wall.
>>
No. 559602 ID: a87e3a

>>559591
They were given specific instructions to wait here for the caravan, but the other undead got to it first.

You just found a critical flaw in how these undead work! They only follow orders. Or maybe it's just one particular type of zombie. The ones that were chasing you seemed to be able to think for themselves just fine. Maybe open-ended tasks allow them to make decisions, but strict orders don't? Or maybe there's two groups of undead.

Regardless, chop these up so we can get to town. Oh, ask what happened to the other four carts.
>>
No. 559603 ID: 3f0c1b

Maybe failing to properly complete their objective broke them?
>>
No. 559604 ID: 549d6c
File 139077299381.png - (52.26KB , 900x450 , 22.png )
559604

>Maybe there's two groups of undead.
Well, we did meet one that was barking orders to the rest… hmmm…
>These are wraith-based undead, though. Their power isn't in a heart / core you can destroy or remove. The only effective countermeasure is to destroy the body completely.
:AnnaUNB: Actually, according to my pamphlet from the order of light it’s the heart that is the nexus of all the healing thingy… err… well, it’s more of a vessel of the dark magic but… burn it and they die, if you get my drift. Pull it out and they can’t really do anything before they start re-growing from the heart.
:BradfordUNB: Hmmm, now when you mention it, all the parts that isn’t connected to their torso stops moving. Let’s try it out, shall we?
*Slorp!*
:AnnaUNB: …err… right, while that was kind of cool and all… when I said pull it out I didn’t mean with your bare hands.
:JalUNB: Ugh, I think I’m going to be s-sick!
:AlexUNB: It’s just a heart, Jal… but yeah, ew guys…
:VladUNB: Well, at least you proved that Sofia was right. The body just collapsed and the heart is still beating.

>Yeah, be careful of that light wall.
>Think they might be at the edge of the towns anti-undead rune thing.
:VladUNB: Don’t worry, that’s just the anti-undead wall. That’s why they couldn’t follow the caravan.
:JalUNB: I p-passed some towns with those k-kind of runes on the way here… but never could you see it l-like this. It’s either very powerful runes or a lot of runes. Ugh… I think I n-need to sit down…
:VladUNB: It’s both.
>Well, might as well take advantage of them not moving.
:BradfordUNB: So… two heart each, eh? Ten crows on a silver platter… I can’t complain, but I hoped for more of a fight.
:AnnaUNB: Don’t look a gift spider in the mouth, Mr. Beard.

:PaladinUNB: Halt! Who goes there!? What is your business here and… is that a bunch of the undead you’re frolicking with?
:BradfordUNB: We’re just harvesting some hearts.
:PaladinUNB: …right, I still need to know why you’ve come to Ängladal and see your papers, please.
:BradfordUNB: Err… papers?
:AlexUNB: What papers?
:PaladinUNB: The papers you must have to enter the city.

Insert Glory to Arstotzka_
>>
No. 559607 ID: 4a75fa

We've come to Ängladal for shelter and defense against the hordes of roving dead.

As for papers, the lad is a local resident, and the Pally is one of yours. Can they get us in?
>>
No. 559609 ID: be60a1

Uhhh...Shoot.
And if we don't happen to have said papers, where can we go get them?
>>
No. 559610 ID: a87e3a

>>559604
Ask if this is a recent development. Surely there are exceptions for caravans that left before papers were a requirement? Or do we just have to check in with someone to get said papers?
>>
No. 559619 ID: 9551b3

Huh, Brad came to town to figure out a new way to get to the top of the mountain after being chased off by overwhelming numbers of undead, Vlad's family was just taken by the undead along with his home so he's coming to town because he has no where else to go, Alex and the bug were part of a caravan that was attacked so there just trying to get somewhere where they don't have to worry about more undead, and the blond wants to join your order. And you're telling us that none of this is possible without papers?

THE HELL MAN!?
>>
No. 559650 ID: d2995c

If they need to know who we are than the other members of the caravan can vouch for us, or at least for those two.
>>
No. 559656 ID: d0e0a2

Tell them your reasons for entering Ängladal, but the others here will have to speak for their reasons themselves.

Check with Vlad if this is legit for real. If he or his family were here relatively recently they'll know about it. Heck, he might even have entry papers himself.

Ask the paladins why Ängladal even needs entry documents, what they indicate, and where you're supposed to get them.

Didn't the caravan enter the town? 'Cause if it did then it has the proper papers, and as Anna, Alexandra and Jal were all riding on it then they ought to have permission to enter as part of it. The paladins just have to get whoever was in charge of the caravan to have a look at them and vouch they are part of the caravan.

Hey, is that round lighter area in the anti-undead field a part of it or am I seeing a really big light from somewhere over the tree line or the mountains?

Also, don't bring that coated bolt through the anti-undead field. It's necromantic nature might mean it'll be fried by the field. Either hide it for later examination or get Jal to test it before entering the town.

Oh, and don't forget to ask to get paid the bounty for the hearts before entering. You pretty much have to since the hearts will go "poof" if you take them into the field.
>>
No. 559702 ID: 549d6c
File 139084214876.png - (12.36KB , 900x450 , 23.png )
559702

>We've come to Ängladal for shelter and defense against the hordes of roving dead.
:PaladinUNB: Most people are in these dark times.
>Ask if this is a recent development.
:PaladinUNB: Indeed, we only initiated this system just over a week ago.
:VladUNB: Oh right… I remember Pa complained about… it…
>Ask the paladins why Ängladal even needs entry documents.
:PaladinUNB: Because the undead has living allies… and even worse masters. It’s simply for safety.
>Oh, and don't forget to ask to get paid the bounty for the hearts before entering. You pretty much have to since the hearts will go "poof" if you take them into the field.
:PaladinUNB: Actually, no. That’s not how the undead repellant field works. Undead can’t willfully pass the border of it and any undead who manage to enter will simply stop… well, functioning. So the heart will still exist, it will just not regrow it’s body… and stop beating.
:JalUNB: Thank the gods, that infernal beating is starting to drive me mad!
>And if we don't happen to have said papers, where can we go get them?
:PaladinUNB: You can do the procedure here. You’ll need to fill out a form and conduct a small interview one and one. If you’ll follow me.
>Don't bring that coated bolt through the anti-undead field.
:PaladinUNB: What is that!?
:BradfordUNB: Err… a bolt with some kind of… undead creating stuff? We got it from… err… one of the undead.
:PaladinUNB: I need to secure that immediately. Those things are illegal! I hope you have a valid excuse why you have this…



:PaladinUNB: Your story about the bolt have been taken into consideration and will be compared with what the others say. Now, please, fill out this form.
:BradfordUNB: Err… can’t we take it orally?
:PaladinUNB: …if you wish. Name?
:BradfordUNB: Bradford.
:PaladinUNB: … … …and last name?
:BradfordUNB: Um… v-von… beard?
:PaladinUNB: … … …right, city of birth?
:BradfordUNB: …err…
:PaladinUNB: …age? Mothers name? Fathers name? Siblings? Profession? Reason of entry? Favorite color? Relationships? Offspring? The flight velocity of an unleaded swallow? Do you know anyone in town? Have you ever been here before?
:BradfordUNB: Err… I… I can’t remember?
:PaladinUNB: …you can’t remember?
:BradfordUNB: I… I came here seeking vengeance against the undead… they… they took everything I had… including a part of me… I awoke in a burned out village surrounded by the undead without the knowledge who I am or where I was.
:PaladinUNB: …they took your memory?
:PaladinUNB: Psst… the test came back… he’s *Mumble*Mumble*
:PaladinUNB: …he’s wha- yes, of course…they took a part of your s- memory… yes… Hmm… you know… there’s no way we can grant you papers with this kind of… well, lack of information.
:BradfordUNB: So… you’re just going to kick me out?
:PaladinUNB: Of course not. We’re willing to make a deal, so to speak. We’re interested in your… err… memory loss… so, if you want access to the city you’ll simply have to agree on three things. To join our order, to willingly be infused with a tracking device and… do some test conserving your… memory loss… does that sound fair?
:BradfordUNB: …I don’t like the way you paused every time you said memory loss.

Insert What is your quest?_
>>
No. 559704 ID: 9ddf68

alright I have 3 questions too.

1) If I joined what are the odds of me going to the top of the mountain to smite some undead bastards
2) Seeing as I'm going to be given a tracking device because I'm a security risk are there going to be any other things that are going to make me be treated differently then others in the town
3) Why can't you tell me what the damn test results where?
>>
No. 559705 ID: 76b151

Soul. He was going to say part of your soul. Now what would the undead need with a partial soul of a wind walker?
>>
No. 559712 ID: 4a75fa

>undead hearts 'die' inside the town, stop beating
...then how do you know they're undead hearts? And that no one collecting hearts for the bounty is a simple murderer or grave robber?

>I hope you have a valid excuse why you have this
Science!

No, seriously, we just thought it might be important to know how it works. That's kind of the first step in some kind of defense, or vaccination, or cure. Can you pass that on to the holy research types?

>three conditions
I'd have conditions of my own.

The first being that you speak honestly and stop clumsily lying to me. I will not ally myself with liars or cowards or fools. If you recognize what has been done to me, then say so, unless you wish me to beat the truth out of you.

And I cannot in good conscience swear any kind of oath to an order I know little to nothing about. I can pledge to help you defend this town and it's people, but more than that will take time.
>>
No. 559713 ID: d0e0a2

Tell him that he's an inept liar and you won't join an order that isn't honest with you. You can handle the truth, so he better lay it all out for you.

Say the tracker and being tested and studied is fine, since you want to get to the bottom of what happened to you as well, but you do want to know about the Order of Light and what joining their order entails before signing up. You'll probably join anyway, since their goals seem to be in line with yourse, but making double sure of that is sensible. You'd probably want to know how long after joining it'll be before you're back out there busting undead heads in.
>>
No. 559737 ID: 549d6c
File 139085575164.png - (12.22KB , 900x450 , 24.png )
559737

>...then how do you know they're undead hearts?
:PaladinUNB: We have ways to tell, don’t you worry… besides, we can just take them outside the shield and watch them start beating again. I said it made the undead stop function, not kill them.
>Science! No, seriously, we just thought it might be important to know how it works. Can you pass that on to the holy research types?
:PaladinUNB: It’s already being delivered to our alchemists and if your story about this Vladimir and his family is true then you might even be rewarded for your ingenuity.
>Tell him that he's an inept liar.
:PaladinUNB: Liar? I’m simply withholding some information, not lying.

>I will not ally myself with liars, cowards or fools. If you recognize what has been done to me, then say so, unless you wish me to beat the truth out of you.
:PaladinUNB: …Do I have to remind you that we are two heavily armed and armored soldiers while you’re unarmed?
:PaladinUNB: *Whisper*
:PaladinUNB: …he did what with his bare hands!? I… well; I guess you can’t be unarmed when you’re a weapon yourself, eh? But I am sorry; I’m not the right person to ask about your condition. Hell, I’m not even sure it’s the right diagnose. It’s fully possible that there been some mistake somewhere down the line. If you really want to know you have to ask the doctor we have who’s researching it. All I can tell you is that they did some really bad things about you and… err… well, you’re awfully… functional for what has maybe happened to you.
>Soul. He was going to say part of your soul.
:PaladinUNB: Um… yes… kind off… It’s more like… shattered… or broken.

>I cannot in good conscience swear any kind of oath to an order I know little to nothing about.
:BradfordUNB: The only oath I can swear is to slaughter these undead bastards and defend whoever they are preying on.
:PaladinUNB: That’s good enough for me.
>If I joined what are the odds of me going to the top of the mountain to smite some undead bastards.
:PaladinUNB: Well, you’re going to smite undead bastards, alright. But going up there? Um… let’s just say we aren’t keen to send people on suicide missions just like that.
>You'd probably want to know how long after joining it'll be before you're back out there busting undead heads in.
:PaladinUNB: With your skills, as soon as we find some undead for you to bash, probably.
>Are there going to be any other things that are going to make me be treated differently than others in the town.
:PaladinUNB: Um… you aren’t allowed to leave the city without supervision…
:BradfordUNB: …so I’m in a cage?
:PaladinUNB: Please understand, it’s a cage to protect you from the undead. They have a… certain interest in broken ones like you. Now, if you want to join, please sign this and you’ll receive your 15 crows starting bonus, plus ten for the hearts. If you want a bed or some simple food visit the barracks… or the inn if you want a real bed in your own room and real food, but it will cost you. Speaking of the inn, I’m going to take a wild guess and say your friends is probably there right now; it is generally the first place you visit. Any more questions?

Insert Can you have sex with it?_
>>
No. 559738 ID: 9ddf68

eh sure why not, the cage thing is kinda bullshit but might as well see how the gang is doing, and money is always nice
>>
No. 559749 ID: d0e0a2

Getting paid to do what you were gonna do anyway and having the support of the Order of Light in doing it? Hell, yeah, you're gonna sign up! Leaving aside the mandatory escort, this is about the best deal you could get in this situation.

Now that you're an initiate does any gear come with that, and who do you report to to pick it up? The chapter quartermaster? Maybe they have an Order medallion you could pin to your beard.

Is there anybody in town that could talk to Vlad and help him through it when the realization of his situation really hits?

Oh, and does the Order hire archers from outside their ranks? 'Cause Vlad could be one for the Order.

Since you got a little extra cash head on over to the inn. I bet it'll feel good to eat a nice hot meal and sleep in a real bed after what you've been through.
>>
No. 559813 ID: 4a75fa

>so I’m in a cage?
They're worried about the undead finishing what they started, or turning the crazy dangerous windwalker into one of their own.

Since you don't want that to happen yourself, you should be fine accepting their help.

...and besides. If you really wanted out, it's not as if they could stop you, anyways.

>agree
Sign the papers and be done with it. (Try not to bisect the page with the pen).
>>
No. 559830 ID: 549d6c
File 139090365316.png - (30.82KB , 900x450 , 25.png )
559830

>If you really wanted out, it's not as if they could stop you, anyways.
It is more of a cage to keep out the dead, isn’t it?
>Getting paid to do what you were gonna do anyway and having the support of the Order of Light in doing it? Hell, yeah, you're gonna sign up!
Hmm… well, they extra help would come in handy… and you don’t say no to some free money.

>Now that you're an initiate does any gear come with that, and who do you report to to pick it up? Maybe they have an Order medallion you could pin to your beard.
:PaladinUNB: I would advise you to keep your old gear, it’s probably in better quality then the stuff we give to the rookies. But report to cathedral in the middle of the city and they’ll give you our official seal and whatever mission we have at hand. You can’t miss it. The cathedral, that is.
>Is there anybody in town that could talk to Vlad and help him through it when the realization of his situation really hits?
:PaladinUNB: I am sorry to say, but sanity is in low supply these days. We already spread thin enough keeping more important people sane then a lonely hunter. There might be someone working privately, but they’ll be expensive at a time like this.
>Does the Order hire archers from outside their ranks?
:PaladinUNB: We accept everyone who are willing to help.
>Sign the papers and be done with it. (Try not to bisect the page with the pen).
:BradfordUNB: Err…
:PaladinUNB: You can sign it with an X. Now, let’s fix those papers of yours…

>I bet it'll feel good to eat a nice hot meal and sleep in a real bed after what you've been through.
Bah, I can’t remember the last time I had a good meal or a good night sleep. Everything taste like ash these days and the nights are filled terrors from beyond the veil.
>Might as well see how the gang is doing.
:JalUNB: Barkeep, another glass of your finest wine, please.
:StenUNB: Coming right up, Scholar. That will be 4 Swallows.
:JalUNB: Do you have change for a Magpie? Oh, Greetings Bradford. I have to say, you took a long time to get your papers done. Did they think you’ve hidden an army of the dead in your beard?
:StenUNB: Hah! The only thing that beard is hiding is another fist!
:BradfordUNB: Greetings Jal… where are the others?
:JalUNB: Well… The kid… Vladimir, was it? He needed some time alone, he said. Alex went with him… something about training to mend a broken heart just like mending a broken bone and his reward for carrying his stuff.
:StenUNB: Heh, He got some fun just by carrying her stuff? Remind me to give her a few ales on the house.
:JalUNB: Alex, putting out? Hah, the poor kid would have come running by now if that was true. No, she’s probably just talking with him about what happened.
:StenUNB: Oh, and if you see Vladimir, can you tell him his father’s tap is paid off. He was a good man, a bit happy with a glass but still a good man. Shame what happened to him. Now, what can I do you for!?

Insert Ale and wenches, please_
>>
No. 559831 ID: a87e3a

>>559830
Ale and wenches, please.
>>
No. 559835 ID: dbe554

Strongest thing in the house.
>>
No. 559842 ID: 4a75fa

...wow, someone using a euphemism and actually meaning what it literally describes. And choosing to try and be responsible and sane instead of jumping immediately into bed.

This really is a new universe!

>ale and wenches
And a hearty meal. No good getting drunk on an empty stomach. You'll just make yourself sick and miserable.
>>
No. 559845 ID: 549d6c
File 139092547608.png - (30.53KB , 900x450 , 26.png )
559845

>Ale and wenches, please.
:StenUNB: Ale I can give you, but you have to find the wenches yourself. This place is called “Hård’s Ale and bedding” not “Ale and wenches”. Of course, you’ll have trouble finding any, lad, been hard to find any nice girls for coin ever since the order made it illegal.
>Strongest thing in the house.
:StenUNB: Sorry, lad, but it’s illegal to serve the stronger stuff before nightfall. I can serve you some really strong human ale if you wish, though.
>And a hearty meal.
:StenUNB: We got some nice newly caught hare with bread, potatoes and carrots as today special. Only a Magpie with your ale included.
:BradfordUNB: Here’s a crow… and bedding? How much for a nice private room?
:StenUNB: -and nine Magpies as change. A bed? Why, it’s onl-
:JalUNB: Actually, I’ve spoken with the caravan master. He was rather grateful that you and Vladimir escorted us here with the spider (Of course, he was mostly happy that the spider was safe.) so he’s willing to let you have the rooms meant for those that didn’t make it.
:StenUNB: He giving me a room for just walking with you guys for an hour and a half?
:JalUNB: Well, he’s already paid for them and… well… I might have spun the tale a bit when we met those undead. But you should accept. It’s never wise to look a gift spider in the mouth, you know.

:BradfordUNB: So… what now?
:JalUNB: What do you mean, what now? Weren’t you here to find an albino troll to grapple with? To stab it from the heart of Hel’s domain itself? To spit your last hateful breath at it?
:BradfordUNB: …Are you talking gibberish or…?
:JalUNB: *Sigh* Just make sure your spear doesn’t drag you over the cliff in the end, Bradford. But if you want some advice I would say to seek out the Order, they probably know the most of about these lonely mountains. Hmm… if you’re quick, maybe you can catch up with that human girl… Sofia?
:BradfordUNB: Ann-Sofie.
:JalUNB: Yes, Anna… She ran off to sign up with them as soon as we entered the city. Or maybe you can go talk to one of their higher ups.
:StenUNB: I know that both captain Andrzej and ranger lord Mikhail is willing to talk with mercenaries about the dangers of the mountains. Oh, and if you’re looking for some extra cash, there’s always the Wanted posters just outside the inn, lad.
:BradfordUNB: (Hmm… they also did say I should seek out a doctor Vadoma about my… condition.)
:StenUNB: But first, enjoy your damn meal already!

Insert New quest received: Find some fine wenches to frolic with_
>>
No. 559846 ID: dbe554

He is right, let yourself eat and be thankful for another day of life and good food, and new friends.

Though finding a physician afterwords could be a good idea.
>>
No. 559855 ID: 4a75fa

>It’s never wise to look a gift spider in the mouth, you know.
Of course not. You're liable to get bitten that way, a stranger getting all up in a spider's face!

>what do
Let's go talk to the order, see if we bump into Anna. She was fun.

We'll check out the doctor and the dire prognosis on your soul later.
>>
No. 559866 ID: d90d89

well we kinda joined the order already so we do probably need to talk to someone there at some point so lets go do that after we finish our meal. Then the doctor
>>
No. 559880 ID: 549d6c
File 139094243116.png - (27.30KB , 900x450 , 27.png )
559880

>He is right, let yourself eat and be thankful for another day of life and good food, and new friends.
The food tastes like ash and the ale like piss… of course, everything thing taste like ash and piss so I shouldn’t really complain…
>Let's go talk to the order, see if we bump into Anna. She was fun.
To the cathedral then, I’m guessing that’s the huge stone building in the middle of the city.

:UnknownKAK: -any last words before you meet the light?
:UnknownKAK: P-please! I’m i-innocent! I haven’t done a-anything wrong!
:UnknownKAK: Face your destruction with dignity, feeble minded fool! What is the point of fearing death? We will all be consumed by the coming shadow in the end!
:UnknownKAK: May the light have mercy on your stained souls. Begin the execution.
:UnknownKAK: N-no wait! Y-you can’t d-do this!
:UnknownKAK: You have been on trial and found guilty. Your sentence is death.
:UnknownKAK: I d-didn’t know about it! It most h-have been planted! Please! I’ll d-do anything! Don’t kill me!
:UnknownKAK: …start the execution.

Insert Off with his head!_
>>
No. 559882 ID: a87e3a

>>559880
Interesting how the mantis knows about the Coming Darkness. I say stop him from being killed, because I want to interrogate him. The other one may actually be innocent, to boot, but... they did get put on trial. Was it a legitimate trial?

At the very least can you try to have the execution delayed until we check things out?
>>
No. 559883 ID: d2995c

Actually, we should check that a wizard or someone has examined 'Coming Darkness' guy before he is killed. The last guy we saw who ranted like that had a city-eating demon explode out of his corpse after we killed him.
>>
No. 559884 ID: 88960e

Uh, so what were they charged with? And can we hop over to their heads to listen in to their thoughts and see if he's really innocent?
>>
No. 559888 ID: 9ddf68

hope this guy isn't a deamon worshiper, last time we saw one of those guys get offed a deamon came out and erased every living thing in a nearby city. No signs of a struggle, no property damage, just every living thing from a person to a bug simply vanished in a instant.
>>
No. 559897 ID: 3bb36a

Let's ask Anne-Sophie about this-what were they convicted of, and why?
I can understand why some of us wanna just swoop in and be a hero, but remember -we're on parole here, and frankly, these guys getting executed probably are getting killed for a reason.
>>
No. 559947 ID: d0e0a2

I doubt this mantis dying is going to summon a daemon, but there's other things his death could trigger. A stealth enchant on him that consumes his soul on-death to fuel a nasty destructive spell sounds like the kind of shit the cultists would get up to.

Unfortunately you don't have any clout to stop the execution long enough to check; You don't even have ID that you're an Order initiate. But maybe Anna could help here.

Step up and ask Anna what the prisoners are being executed for. Then you can ask if they've been screened for on-death activated magic type things and suggest the undead cultists might pull that kind of shit to take out paladins. She's such a go-getter she'll bring that up to the paladin in charge right away.

Alternatively, you could delay this a bit by asking if they'd like to see a demonstration of what a Windwalker can do, using the condemned prisoners as targets.

And that human prisoner will do anything to avoid execution? Would Doctor Vadoma's studies benefit from a human test subject to experiment on?

>"Everything tastes like ash and piss"
Better mention that to Doctor Vadoma when you meet him (or her.) It's likely from your soul condition, but making sure it's from that and not something else would be prudent.

On the (slightly) bright side; You can save you money on food and drink since everything tastes the same. Just buy whatever is the cheapest that won't make you sick. In fact, you might be able to make money with it by taking bar wagers to eat or drink something really vile.
>>
No. 559982 ID: 549d6c
File 139100584671.png - (26.68KB , 900x450 , 28.png )
559982

>On the (slightly) bright side; You can save you money on food and drink since everything tastes the same. Just buy whatever is the cheapest that won't make you sick.
I’ve never really cared for coin… and I still need to eat a filling meal to get by.

>Let's ask Anne-Sophie about this-what were they convicted of, and why?
:AnnaUNB: I dunno… I think she said it was something about weapon smuggling or something.
>Was it a legitimate trial?
:AnnaUNB: Of course, they are the law here after all.
>Ask if they've been screened for on-death activated magic type things.
:AnnaUNB: Um… probably? I mean, they are professional cultist killers so… besides, they just cut off the mantis head and nothing happened.
:BradfordUNB: …oh.
:UnknownKAK: Next.
:UnknownKAK: P-please…

>At the very least can you try to have the execution delayed until we check things out?
:BradfordUNB: Excuse me, what are they being executed for?
:UnknownKAK: *Sigh* The convict was cough red handed selling armaments to the cultist and have been put on trial in front of a jury. His punishment is death.
>And that human prisoner will do anything to avoid execution?
:BradfordUNB: -wouldn’t it be better to have him work it off instead? As a human test subject to be experiment on, perhaps?
:UnknownKAK: Y-yes! Please! Anything but death!
:UnknownKAK: The only thing we need for our experiments is corpses and we have enough of those already.
:BradfordUNB: Don’t you have some kind of Penal force? Let him fight the dead?
:UnknownKAK: …Who are you eve- never mind. If you interrupt us one more time I will have you arrested for obstructing the law. Now, cut off his hea-
:UnknownKAK: Sir! New orders, sir!
:UnknownKAK: What now!? Hmm… *Sigh* Cancel the execution on the human… they got other plans for him.
:UnknownKAK: YES!! I’ll live!
:UnknownKAK: Bah! I came ‘ere to see some blood, dammit!
:AnnaUNB: Well, that’s that then.
:BradfordUNB: (Hmm… I should have sworn that I saw the guy coming with the new orders hiding behind the corner just waiting for something...)
:AnnaUNB: Nice to see you again, Mr. beard man, but I got to go and sign up with the Order now, so bye!

Insert Beard man, with the power of beard!_
>>
No. 559992 ID: 4a75fa

>Of course, they are the law here after all.
Ah, naive trust in governing authorities. Just because the law is the law doesn't mean it's just.

>gottagobye!
Goodbye.

>what do
Alright, who were we supposed to talk to at the order? We already annoyed the executioners, but I doubt they're the managers as well.
>>
No. 559993 ID: d0e0a2

Anna's probably heading in the same direction as you, so may as well walk with her. Mention that you signed up with the Order just a short while ago and you're going in to get your seal and first mission.

Compliment the guy who brought the new orders on his impeccable timing, waiting until just after the unrepentant cultist was whacked. Don't want those types around for any reason, right?

Hey, did the Order already apply the tracking magic to you? If not then they probably will when you report in.
>>
No. 559998 ID: 549d6c
File 139102300471.png - (20.30KB , 900x450 , 29.png )
559998

>Ah, naive trust in governing authorities. Just because the law is the law doesn't mean it's just.
Just because the law is hard doesn’t mean it’s unjust either.
>Hey, did the Order already apply the tracking magic to you?
One of their men in a dress waved around a stick and chanted something before I left the toll house. I’m guessing that was the tracking magic.

>Alright, who were we supposed to talk to at the order? Anna's probably heading in the same direction as you, so may as well walk with her.
:BradfordUNB: Actually, we’re probably heading in the same direction.
:AnnaUNB: Oh, you’re going to sign up too? Well, I hope you’re ready to crack some undead skulls then.
:BradfordUNB: The orders isn’t just about cracking skulls. You forgot the ripping out of hearts.
:AnnaUNB: And cutting off heads.
:BradfordUNB: Dismembering limbs.
:AnnaUNB: Crushing ribs.
:BradfordUNB: Breaking sp-
>Mention that you signed up with the Order just a short while ago and you're going in to get your seal and first mission.
:BradfordUNB: Calculating spleens.
:AnnaUNB: Creating La- hey, we’re here!
:UnknownKAK: Welcome to the order of light. If you wish to sign up please follow me.
:BradfordUNB: Actually, I’ve already signed. We’re do I get my seal and first mission.
:UnknownKAK: Down the corridor and to your right. Talk to captain Andrzej, the mantis, about your new tasks.



:UnknownKAK: -Ten of them… one of them a Vildman… and he took them all on. He even ripped out the heart on the big one with his bare hands! BARE HANDS!
:AndrzejUNB: That… that doesn’t really sound plausible. And you say that he’s going to sign up with us?
:UnknownKAK: Of course he is! What else is there to do in this god forsaken town? I’m telling you; keep on the lookout for a man twice the size of any normal man… and a beard so big even the rangers would be lost in it!
:AndrzejUNB: … …right.

Insert Next time it’s going to be twenty of them… and a dog_
>>
No. 559999 ID: 4a75fa

>Just because the law is hard doesn’t mean it’s unjust either.
True. But this is why we ask questions. You don't know, otherwise. We still don't, in this case.

>keep on the lookout for a man twice the size of any normal man… and a beard so big even the rangers would be lost in it!
I think you've exaggerated my height, but you're probably right about the beard.
>>
No. 560000 ID: a87e3a

>>559998
Tell them that he's exaggerating. Or is that a she? I have trouble telling what gender a mantis is when there's nobody of the opposite sex to compare them to.
>>
No. 560002 ID: dbe554

Damn straight he's right about the beard. Or she, Mantis person.

Regardless, go up to that desk, get your seal, and proceed to become a new initiate.
>>
No. 560007 ID: 549d6c
File 139102823193.png - (20.05KB , 900x450 , 30.png )
560007

>I have trouble telling what gender a mantis is when there's nobody of the opposite sex to compare them to.
Well, he is rather short… and I’m pretty sure Andrzej is a male name… probably.
>Damn straight he's right about the beard.
:BradfordUNB: -but he’s exaggerating my height a bit.
:AndrzejUNB: And the part about you ripping undead Vildmän hearts out?
:BradfordUNB: Well… he wasn’t a Vildman… but I did rip it out with my bare hands.
:AndrzejUNB: I have to admit you have a nice beard but…
>Regardless, go up to that desk beer keg, get your seal, and proceed to become a new initiate.
:BradfordUNB: I’m here to pick up my seal?
:AndrzejUNB: Privates, leave us.
:UnknownKAK: At once, captain.
:AndrzejUNB: So… you’re the special case? The Mr. “Von Beard”? …was that really the best fake name you should come up with?
:BradfordUNB: I thought it would be fitting.
:AndrzejUNB: I’m going to call you initiate Bradford from now on. First, let’s try out your combat expertise. See those manikins at the e-
*Crash*
:AndrzejUNB: …well then, that story about you wasn’t completely bullshit, was it? Congratulations, welcome to the order of light and blah blah blah, here’s your seal. Now… we usually send out rookies on some deadbeat job for the first few days but you… let’s just say I have a special task for you. It just happens to be on one of those rookie missions I need something done… something I need to be done with great force. I want you to report to me here at three over midday, punctual. I’ll fill you in on the mission then… so unless there was something else; you’re dismissed, initiate!

:BradfordUNB: (It’s just about midday now… three hours of doing nothing, then?)

Insert Quick, watch the grass grow! …Yes, I know there’s snow out, but still!_
>>
No. 560008 ID: d0e0a2

Well, you still need to see Doctor Vadoma about your soul "condition." There's also Ranger Lord Mikhail, which I think might be the one to talk to about a job for Vlad. He'd also be the one to ask about current intel on the undead in the mountains. We also didn't get to talk to Vlad about this, so swinging by the inn before talking to Mikhail would make sense.

I say go to Doctor Vadoma first, then then Vlad at the inn, then Mikhail, if you have time.
>>
No. 560014 ID: a87e3a

>>560007
Visit ZE DOKTOR. Three hours is enough for a thorough examination.
>>
No. 560068 ID: 4a75fa

Yeah, time to confront the medical man about this whole lack of a soul nonsense.
>>
No. 560102 ID: 549d6c
File 139109716398.png - (23.50KB , 900x450 , 31.png )
560102

>We didn't get to talk to Vlad.
I should probably take some time to talk to the kid later. Siegfried himself knows that he’ll need it.
>There's also Ranger Lord Mikhail, which I think might be the one to talk to about a job for Vlad. He'd also be the one to ask about current intel on the undead in the mountains.
Of course, I have no idea if the kid actually wants to work with the order or not.

>Visit ZE DOKTOR.
:PaladinUNB: Doctor Vadoma, we got another test subject for you.
:VadomaUNB: Good, this one is about to expire and I need a replacement fo- How many times do I have to tell you! They don’t walk around anymore!
:PaladinUNB: But the tests-
:VadomaUNB: You probably did them wrong again. Drag that hairy thing back to wherever you found it and bring me some real subjects next time! I’m starting to run dry here!
:PaladinUNB: …Can’t you just make su-
:VadomaUNB: Leave me before I start dissecting you alive too. Bah, no respect for the scientific method. Now… where was I…
:PaladinUNB: …sorry, sir, but it seems to have been some mistake somewhere. I have to ask you to leave.
:VadomaUNB: Just leave already! You’re disturbing my scientific genius! Perkele, where did I put his left lung!?
:PaladinUNB: Um… yes… like the good doctor said… she doesn’t want to be disturbed…

Insert This one too fat… this one too tall… this one too symmetrical!_
>>
No. 560106 ID: 4a75fa

Ignore the guard.

You can rip helpless corpses (or near corpses) apart anyday, quack. What I need from you now is to tell me about your tests and the supposed damage to my soul.

And the lung is behind you, stuck to the wall.
>>
No. 560123 ID: 9ddf68

Right, We where told to come her about something involving us having a shattered soul or something, know anything about that or you just going to play doctor a bit more?
>>
No. 560125 ID: d0e0a2

...I think the "good doctor" will have a hard time not being disturbed since she appears to be plenty disturbed all on her own.

Ask the assistant what is she even looking for rummaging around inside the undead? ...At least, I hope that's an undead. 'Cause if she's brutally dissecting still-living people we may have issues with that.

Point out that she doesn't know her assistant did the test wrong. What if he did it right? What if the test is generating false negatives and positives when done wrong? There could be test subjects slipping through 'cause of that.

How about after she scrapes that lung off the wall and finished up here she supervises her assistant as he does the test again? Make sure he did it right, and correct him if he did it wrong.
>>
No. 560129 ID: 549d6c
File 139110743285.png - (24.11KB , 900x450 , 32.png )
560129

>the lung is behind you, stuck to the wall.
That’s just a bloodstain.
>I hope that's an undead.
:PaladinUNB: Well… um… no…
:BradfordUNB: You’re dissecting living people!?
:PaladinUNB: I wouldn’t call them living… err… they are afflicted, as we call them. The lights are on but there’s no one home, if you get my meaning.
:BradfordUNB: …afflicted with the same thing I am?
:PaladinUNB: If the test are right… yes…
>Ask the assistant what is she even looking for rummaging around inside the afflicted?
:PaladinUNB: She’s collecting what we call essence. Well, corrupted essence to be precise.
:VadomaUNB: What I really need is some pure essence, but nooo… it’s wrong to dissect living people, bluh bluh! It’s alright to dissect these vegetables but not the criminals they are going to kill anyway? Bah, hypocrites!

>Point out that she doesn't know her assistant did the test wrong. What if he did it right?
:VadomaUNB: Of course she did it wrong! You aren’t a brain dead vegetable!
:BradfordUNB: But what if I’m really is afflicted with… whatever it is?
:VadomaUNB: They you would be one in a million. Face it, hairball, you aren’t afflicted.
:BradfordUNB: Can you really take the chance that I aren’t?
:VadomaUNB: …fine, I’ll do I quick test. Stand still a be quiet.
:BradfordUNB: Err… shouldn’t you watch away the blood first?
*Scratch*
:VadomaUNB: Shh… I’m trying to focus… and it’s just some blood. Just don’t lick it off you’ll be fine…
*Scratch*Scratch*
:VadomaUNB: Unless you really get off on that kind of stuff… then lick away.
*Scratch*
:BradfordUNB: …Do you hear scratching?
:VadomaUNB: Interesting… hmm… tell me... how long have you…
:BradfordUNB: About a month ago… I can’t really remember anything before that. Just bit and pieces.
:VadomaUNB: Where were you a month ago?
:BradfordUNB: I woke up in a village that was burned down by the undead… I was the only survivor. I don’t know the name… but it was to the south…
:VadomaUNB: Hmmm… well?
:PaladinUNB: According to the records, there was an attack a month ago… before we managed to trap it up in the mountains. It was the odd one, the one with the traces of a battle.
:VadomaUNB: …Well, congratulations, you’re probably afflicted! How interesting!
>Tell me about the supposed damage to my soul.
:VadomaUNB: Soul? Bah! It’s not some kind of religious mumbo jumbo. It’s called essence. Life essence! You need the stuff to live because without it… well… vegetable. And it isn’t damage, more… corrupted. By a daemon…
:BradfordUNB: …so I was attack by a daemon?
:VadomaUNB: Attacked!? HA! You were merely nearby when its true form came into our world for a split second. It barely needs to think about you to turn you into dust. You were just in the wrong place at the wrong time… somewhere it didn’t spot you when it came.
:BradfordUNB: I did wake up in an old dried out well…
:VadomaUNB: Ah… there you go… now, the interesting thing is, why aren’t you like the others who’s been close to one of those things? Why can you still think? Hmmm… if only I should cut you open and find out… bah, ethic laws…

Insert No Brad, you are the daemons! Then Brad was a zombie_
>>
No. 560132 ID: 4a75fa

It's not the ethics laws stopping you, it's the fact that if you tried to cut me open I'd break your claws.

...I don't suppose you have any less invasive ways or examining essence? Sensors, spells, medical equipment, resonances with other essence? There's more to medicine and science than the knife, after all.
>>
No. 560133 ID: 9ddf68

uh, I think I see something right above the light on the right

But yeah whenever we have heard scratching that usually means a deamon or a wrath is nearby. Other then being corrupted does this mean anything or can I just ignore it?
>>
No. 560134 ID: a87e3a

>>560129
Maybe it's because you're a windwalker. Also did part of the test subject's face just float off towards the ceiling or was that an art error?

Ask how she made you hear those scratching noises. We've heard those before, in the presence of Wraiths.
>>
No. 560139 ID: 549d6c
File 139111079534.png - (23.43KB , 900x450 , 33.png )
560139

>Did part of the test subject's face just float off towards the ceiling or was that an art error?
Art error
>It's not the ethics laws stopping you, it's the fact that if you tried to cut me open I'd break your claws.
:VadomaUNB: Why, aren’t you a feisty one.
:BradfordUNB: -and then I’ll rip of your arms and force feed them to you!
:VadomaUNB: You’ll have to buy me dinner first, hairball.
:BradfordUNB: -and I’ll finish with tearing off your head and shove it so far up your abdomen that your ribcage will protect it.
:VadomaUNB: Why, I never! Those things are supposed to stay in the bedroom, good sir!
:BradfordUNB: …is she being sarcastic or…
:PaladinUNB: Don’t ask, trust me…
>...I don't suppose you have any less invasive ways or examining essence?
:VadomaUNB: Well, if you want to be boring about it, sure. I can always take a blood sample but… it won’t give as good results as tearing open your beautiful insides but it will have to do for now.
>Ask how she made you hear those scratching noises.
:VadomaUNB: You heard it too? Are you hearing it now?
:BradfordUNB: I only heard it when you tested me.
:VadomaUNB: Hmm… intriguing… tell me… any other weird effects?
:BradfordUNB: Everything taste like ash and nothing smells good anymore.
:VadomaUNB: Really? Hmm… have you enjoyed some good music lately? Maybe some theater? A good book?
:BradfordUNB: …no?
:VadomaUNB: Sex?
:BradfordUNB: No.
:VadomaUNB: Hmm… they did forbid me from artificially impregnate someone so… maybe… hmm… maybe we should find you a nice girl and… dammit, why shouldn’t you have been a mantis? It would have been so much easier… but of course… I wonder what would happen if you and me-
:BradfordUNB: Finish that thought and I’ll break your spine, witch.
:VadomaUNB: No time for foreplay, hairball, I got more important things to consider. Hmm… what if… yes, that might work… it would be interesting to try… heh… hehe…
:BradfordUNB: …I have to tell you, this is the first time I’m actually scared since I can remember.
:VadomaUNB: Really? So you can feel fear? What else can you feel?
:BradfordUNB: The lust for battle! It’s the only time I feel alive!
:VadomaUNB: Typical male, can’t see the true beauty of death and blood. Whatever, smite him.
:PaladinUNB: Err… what? I can’t just-
:VadomaUNB: Smite him for science, you fool! It probably won’t hurt him… maybe… if he’s lucky… now smite him while I go and get some things.
:PaladinUNB: But…
:VadomaUNB: Oh, and hit him. Real hard! Right across the face! Make him bleed a bit!
:PaladinUNB: Err…

Insert A special kind of crazy_
>>
No. 560141 ID: 9ddf68

look at the guard and say "I don't envy your job" and walk out. Think we learned all we can from here. Might as well go see how Vlad is doing to kill the rest of our free time before we have to report in.
>>
No. 560148 ID: 3f0c1b

A little smiting won't even curl a hair on your mighty beard, I'd almost like to see him try.
>>
No. 560152 ID: a87e3a

>>560139
Try to take out the guard nonlethally if he actually tries to kill you.
>>
No. 560162 ID: 549d6c
File 139111946382.png - (30.33KB , 900x450 , 34.png )
560162

>Try to take out the guard nonlethally if he actually tries to kill you.
I’m pretty sure he won’t try to kill me… hurt me, yes, but not kill. I’m probably going to be content breaking one of his thumbs if he does anything stupid.
>I don't envy your job.
:PaladinUNB: It beats latrine duty… most of the time…
>A little smiting won't even curl a hair on your mighty beard, I'd almost like to see him try.
:PaladinUNB: …please don’t kill me if it does…
:BradfordUNB: No promises. How does smiting even work?
:PaladinUNB: Well… it hurts if you’re a bad person, I guess?
:BradfordUNB: …how in hel’s name does a magic spell know who’s evil? And evil in what sense?
:PaladinUNB: Err… you’ll ask someone higher up about that… but… um… ready?
:BradfordUNB: Hit me, you wuss.
:PaladinUNB: Alright, here it co-



:JalUNB: So, how’s the boy?
:AlexUNB: Well, he cried a bit and seem rather depressed. He seemed a lot better from talking things trough, though. Currently his taking a little nap... he had a rather hectic morning after all.
:JalUNB: Ah, maybe he’ll feel better after I buy him a drink? A few glasses solves everything, after all.
:AlexUNB: Please tell me you haven’t been drinking since we came here?
:JalUNB: A few glass won’t hurt... it’s not like it will make me see double… speaking of double, do you see those two barbarian beauties over there? Maybe I should go and ask them for a little dance?
:AlexUNB: I’m pretty sure they don’t dance here… and you’re drunk. Sober Jal would never have the courage to do something like that.
:JalUNB: I’m not drunk, just a bit tipsy! …now, whish me luck!
:StenUNB: Might Siegfried himself guide your “steel”, friend *snicker*
:JalUNB: Whoa… who moved the floor!? It’s all… wobbly… heh…
:AlexUNB: *Sigh* Do I really have to keep an eye on you all the time?

[You now have control over “The Priest”!]

Insert The floor is always in the last place you look_
>>
No. 560164 ID: 3bb36a

hello Priestess Alexandra! And how are you faring today?
>>
No. 560169 ID: 9ddf68

keep him from doing something stupid, we might need him somewhere down the road
>>
No. 560175 ID: eb10ea

WE ARE THE VOICES OF YOUR INNER BEARD

Not really, we're a bunch of traveling voices of indeterminate origin who like to provide insight and advice blah blah blah you're kinda stuck with us.

Something tells be that hitting on two barbarian ladies is the textbook definition of 'biting off more than one can chew'. This is gonna be HILARIOUS. And it'll fix his attitude problems damn quick.
>>
No. 560176 ID: a87e3a

Maybe you can introduce him to them when he's sober. Or if you want to do it now without him falling all over himself you could call them over.

So hello, we are some helpful guiding voice things. We've been assisting Bradford and Vale. I think we just got Smited out of Bradford though so we'll be with you for a bit. I hope he doesn't kill the poor sap that tried it.
>>
No. 560193 ID: b50d46

>>560175
...

I vote we call ourselves the voices of your inner beard for the rest of the quest
>>
No. 560200 ID: d0e0a2

Hello, Alexandra. We're ancient spirits, come to the world in times of great strife and change to advise those who will play a part in it. So, congrats! We were with Bradford, up until he took a doctor's recommended smite to the face. I think he'll be up and about soon, but until then you've got us.

...We're also habitual matchmakers, so don't be surprised if some of us try to get you together with any combination of, but not limited to: Vlad, Jal, Bradford, the barkeep, those two female mantis, or any number of males, females, hermaphrodites or others with, or possibly without, pulses.

Now, what to do with Jal? I say prop him up so he can get over to those two gals and watch the fun. Just step in if it looks like they're gonna make him metaphorically sticking his foot in his mouth literal.

When you're done here could you head 'round to the cathedral and check that Doctor Vadoma isn't dissecting Bradford alive while he's incapacitated.

>>560193
Can we lay off the beard running gag for this? It worked for Bradford, but for Alexandra, who's both female and a lizard, it doesn't.
>>
No. 560251 ID: 549d6c
File 139117656111.png - (29.84KB , 900x450 , 35.png )
560251

>Hello Priestess Alexandra! And how are you faring today?
Wha- THE LIGHT!? I- I’m not worthy of your presence, oh great… err… unspecified concept.
>WE ARE THE VOICES OF YOUR INNER BEARD.
I… I… what… but I don’t… I’m a lizard? You’re not the light, are you!?
>We're ancient spirits, come to the world in times of great strife and change to advise those who will play a part in it. So, congrats!
…right, I think you got the wrong guy. Go to that big bearded guy instead; he was a textbook example of one of those heroes that usually show up in stories.
>We were with Bradford, up until he took a doctor's recommended smite to the face.
Ah… right… I still think you’re in the wrong head, mister.

>...We're also habitual matchmakers, so don't be surprised if some of us try to get you together with any combination of, but not limited to: Vlad, Jal, Bradford, the barkeep, those two female mantis, or any number of males, females, hermaphrodites or others with, or possibly without, pulses.
Let’s see… a kid who’s depressed and a loner… yeah, real attractive. My best friend from childhood that I know would never work… A thing that was more hair then man… a human that got like twenty years on me that I met five seconds ago (and I’m pretty sure it was his wife who was handling the rooms) and two mantises that are the wrong gender. Seems you really have your work cut out for you, huh?

>Something tells be that hitting on two barbarian ladies is the textbook definition of 'biting off more than one can chew'. This is gonna be HILARIOUS.
It would be… if it didn’t end with him getting his head smashed in because he covered them with his lunch.
:JalUNB: Ungg… I… I don’t feel so good… can’t everything stop moving?
:AlexUNB: Why didn’t you stop him from drinking this much?
:StenUNB: He only had a few glasses, I thought he should handle a bit more than that.
>When you're done here could you head 'round to the cathedral and check that Doctor Vadoma isn't dissecting Bradford alive while he's incapacitated.
I… what… I’m pretty sure they don’t do that kind of stuff. Anyway, I’m supposed to head there anyway and report that I’m here… with Jal… who’s drunk of his abdomen…
:AlexUNB: …Do you have anything sobering?
:StenUNB: Well… water and coffee… that kind of stuff… I have some Serathian coffee if you are feeling brave, real strong stuff, but I usually just smack them over the head to get people sober enough to be thrown out.
:AlexUNB: None of those alternatives sound really great…
:VladUNB: Barkeep, give me some strong stuff and keep it flowing. I’m here to forget.
:AlexUNB: *Sigh* …why do I always have to babysit everyone?

Insert Because you’re cheap… tehe…_
>>
No. 560252 ID: dbe554

Well aside from your flirtations, you seem like the most reliable of the group. As it is, can you try and keep the lad from drinking himself from his misery? That never helps and usually desponds into a tale of drunken despair.
>>
No. 560262 ID: 4a75fa

>Go to that big bearded guy instead; he was a textbook example of one of those heroes that usually show up in stories.
We've already met, thanks. Unfortunately, the thing about heros is that stories are never just about one person. Important events always have more people than you'd think involved, and they can influence things in surprising ways.

Sorry, but you've kind of found yourself in a time and place where your actions will mater. The old "May you live in interesting times" blessing / curse.

>why do I always have to babysit everyone?
It's the curse of the responsible ones. Starting to look like your thankless role may be keeping everyone else from self destructing.

...uh, worst idea ever. If Jal loses his lunch at this point, you think piles of freaky mantis vomit will put the kid off drinking himself into a stupor?
>>
No. 560274 ID: 9ddf68

well just keep an eye on your mantis buddy and might as well start ordering him water and coffee as we got nothing else going for us in that department.

As for Vlad, ask him about us because we're pretty sure he can hear us as well, maybe bring up how Brad got a smite to the face in the name of SCIENCE. Might hold him off drink a bit longer.

Oh and about Doctor Vadoma, if you head down there's two things you should watch for, one is be on the lookout for Brad, and the other is watch out for the good doctor as she was playing with the Idea of having Brad sleep with someone to see who it would affect his condition, He basically told her to go to hell but be careful still. The doc doesn't seem like someone who cares about anyone thoughts but hers.
>>
No. 560280 ID: 549d6c
File 139119406219.png - (28.98KB , 900x450 , 36.png )
560280

>...uh, worst idea ever. If Jal loses his lunch at this point, you think piles of freaky mantis vomit will put the kid off drinking himself into a stupor?
Let’s keep Jal lunch where it belongs, thank you very much.
:JalUNB: You know… you’re my very best bro, man… do you know that? I love you, Alexan-
:AlexUNB: Get a grip on yourself, Jal.
>Might as well start ordering him water and coffee.
:StenUNB: Coming right up.
:AlexUNB: Just make sure he sober up a bit.
:StenUNB: I’m a bartender, not a freaking wizard, lass. Do you see me wearing a dress?
:AlexUNB: …no?
:StenUNB: See, not a wizard, thus I can’t perform magic.

>As for Vlad, ask him about us because we're pretty sure he can hear us as well.
:VladUNB: Those things? Who cares about those things? Pointless, that’s what they are.
:AlexUNB: Aren’t you a bit pessimistic?
:VladUNB: Hey, “small gods”, I know what I want now… I want my family back, and not even you can do that! See, pointless.
>Maybe bring up how Brad got a smite to the face in the name of SCIENCE.
:VladUNB: Who cares… I don’t even know him…
>Can you try and keep the lad from drinking himself from his misery?
:AlexUNB: You know… Vlad… a big muscular guy like you shouldn’t really drink like that… You’re more sexy sober~
:VladUNB: …Alexandra, please stop it. I know you’re just doing that to manipulate me… you’re way out of my league, a real beauty. I’m, on the other hand, is just so pathetic slob with only a few coins to my name.
:AlexUNB: Alright, you really need to cheer up.
:VladUNB: …What’s the point? There’s nothing left for me out there anyway… no, I’m just going to use the last few coins to forget about it and then lay down in a ditch somewhere… where I belong…
:AlexUNB: By the lights crap, you’re worse than I thought!

Insert Does the light crap shadows?_
>>
No. 560282 ID: 4a75fa

>I want my family back, and not even you can do that!
Probably not, no. People coming back from the dead is well beyond our usual scope of things.

What you need now is the chance to recover and cope. You're better off keeping busy and losing yourself in a task rather than drink.

...it's all right if it hurts. It's supposed to.
>>
No. 560284 ID: c3a253

Pathetic slob is definitely doing him a disservice. He's a damn good archer. Not many people can make a shot without seeing what they're shooting and having only been told the general location of the target.
>>
No. 560289 ID: 9ddf68

lesson Vlad, I know you're feeling the loss of your family right now and you're just going through the emotions because you don't know what else to do, but Before you do anything just think of this. If you're family is looking down on you from whatever afterlife they're in now (I don't know where you people believe you go after you die) Do you really think they'd be happy to see they're son, they're big brother throwing away his life to the deamon know as drink for something that wasn't even your fault in the first place? And before you say anything NO, it was NOT your fault. You said it yourself, your family was just a bunch of hunters in the middle of nowhere, what attacked your family was an organized and powerful group of undead that even the group of knights in this town (who are trained solders) are having a hard time fighting. You did what you could, we did what we could, and no matter how much you blame yourself it's not your fault.
>>
No. 560291 ID: a87e3a

>>560280
Hey, what is the Light, anyway? We read some sort of present-prophecy about the bringer of light making a journey to the north. I wonder if that was us? We certainly skip around in time enough for that to have been the case.

Jal, you're one of our pawns. You will have better things to do than lie in a ditch. You WILL help us defeat the Coming Darkness. Even if you die in the process.
>>
No. 560293 ID: 549d6c
File 139120104519.png - (30.19KB , 900x450 , 37.png )
560293

>Hey, what is the Light, anyway?
It’s like… a holy presence that guide us to do right? I don’t know exacly, but the Arch Bishop of the order came to the northlands about nine months ago and started spreading it’s teaching, thus creating the order of light. It’s really grown since then… mostly thanks to the undead threat.
>Even if you die in the process.
Well, that’s encouraging.

>Pathetic slob is definitely doing him a disservice. He's a damn good archer. Not many people can make a shot without seeing what they're shooting and having only been told the general location of the target.
:VladUNB: That was pure luck and you know it.
:AlexUNB: Well, maybe you are luck- …sorry, I didn’t mean it like that…
>If your family is looking down on you from whatever afterlife they're in now, do you really think they'd be happy to see their son, their big brother throwing away his life to the demon know as drink for something that wasn't even your fault in the first place?
:VladUNB: Not my fault? I should have been there! I should have saved them!
>NO, it was NOT your fault.
:AlexUNB: Do you really believe you’re such a good fighter that you would have won?
:VladUNB: I… I… m-maybe? Maybe I should have given them time… maybe… I… shut up! You don’t know how it feels to lose everything.
:AlexUNB: …yes. Yes I do…
>What you need now is the chance to recover and cope. You're better off keeping busy and losing yourself in a task rather than drink.
:VladUNB: …like what?
:AlexUNB: How about joining the order? Get some vengeance?
:VladUNB: Revenge is pointless. It won’t make anything better.
:AndrzejUNB: How about making sure no one else loses their family to the undead horde?
:VladUNB: …that… that actually sound… worthwhile…
:AndrzejUNB: We are in dire need of recruits right now. If you want to make a difference, if you want to help people, please, sign up.
:JalUNB: Wait… haven’t we already signed that thingy back before we even came here? That’s why we came here in the first place right? *Hic*
:AndrzejUNB: Ah, you must be the alchemist and the battle priest we requested… err… battle priestess? You came just in time, in just an hour we’re going to send out a group of novices that I wish you’ll accompany.
:AlexUNB: Wait, battle priestess!? That wasn’t what I signed up for!
:AndrzejUNB: We are in dire need of field medics… and your offensive light magic is the reason why you caught our eyes in the first place. Please, the people in the fields needs your aid!

Insert Uncle bishop wants you!_
>>
No. 560295 ID: a87e3a

>>560293
What's the problem, Alex?
>>
No. 560296 ID: 8c53b9

You DID fry that one undead that nearly got Jai... But I also hear there was some bragging go around. Are you a battle Preistess Alex? Or more of an initiate that survived a trail by fire?
>>
No. 560298 ID: a87e3a

Wait a minute the bringer of light arrived nine months ago!? Oh god please tell us the calendar date.
>>
No. 560304 ID: 9ddf68

wait is Jai coming on this trip as well, god damn it now we really need to sober him up... would also be nice if we could check on Brad since we really don't know what happened to him after he got smited.
>>
No. 560305 ID: 549d6c
File 139121040030.png - (30.16KB , 900x450 , 38.png )
560305

>Wait a minute the bringer of light arrived nine months ago!? Oh god please tell us the calendar date.
Um… 23 of the 3rd month of Thane’s season, 3996?

>What's the problem, Alex?
:AlexUNB: I signed up to become a healer, not some warrior!
:AndrzejUNB: But you’re going to be a healer.
:AlexUNB: I just wanted a non-dangerous job far away from home, not actually fight the undead.
:AndrzejUNB: But we need someone who can save lives outside the city. Not only can you heal with your holy magic’s, but you can also harm the dead.
>You DID fry that one undead that nearly got Jai...
:AlexUNB: I can shoot one bolt. One! Then I’m completely spent! What am I supposed to do if there is more than one, huh?
:AndrzejUNB: One bolt that actually kills them, instead of one that merely hurt them. You only need some training… and you won’t be alone.
:AlexUNB: No. I’m not risking my life and that’s finale.
:VladUNB: Not even to prevent someone else from losing everything?
:JalUNB: How can she prevent anything if he loses herself?
:AndrzejUNB: I’m sorry, but where already fully staffed when it comes to non-combatants.
:AlexUNB: But… I came all this way… and… I don’t want to go back…

Insert Running away right into a brick wall_
>>
No. 560306 ID: a87e3a

>>560305
Alex, I hate to say this, but what I said about Vlad applies to you too. You are one of our pawns. You must fight. For the sake of the world.
>>
No. 560308 ID: 9ddf68

Then don't run away, just think of it like this, while yes you'll be going into dangerous places you main job will be to make sure no one dies, people that wouldn't be able to survive a trip back to base once they're wounded on the field. I know this isn't what you wanted but you wanted to help people right? This way you can help people who otherwise wouldn't get any help until it's to late. and I don't mean just the solders who will be acting as your meatshield, people Like Vlad who can't afford the protection of living in a city, If we come across another case like that and someone gets hurt who'd we turn to so they don't perish before we can get them to another healer?

Also on the plus side you'll have some crazy stories to tell you kids if you ever decide to settle down.
>>
No. 560356 ID: d0e0a2

Alexandra, did you not become a priestess to help and heal those in dire need? Because I cannot think of ones who are in more dire need than those injured on the battlefield. The ones who's lives would pass before they could be brought anywhere near the walls you want to stay behind. Right here and now to go out there is the most good you can do in this world.

And if appealing to your sense of good doesn't work, then think of Jal. If you leave him behind then who'll be around to stop him from making drunken passes at barbarian gals and eventually getting his mandibles punched in? You're not going to leave your best friend behind, are you?

Also, this is probably about the safest situation you could be in to get experience as a battle priest. If one hour from now is three in the afternoon, then I'm certain Bradford will be in the ranks of the group of novices that's heading out. Having him around is like having a mobile fifty meter wide aura of undead dismemberment. The only way undead would get near you is if you ask him to hold one up for target practice.

...Dammit, we never did get the date when we were with Jericho so we can't tell anything from the current date. Okay, different tack: What big news has come out of the Serath Kingdom and Keer Republic in the time after the archbishop left to come to the Northlands? Oh, and could you also tell us where the archbishop came from?
>>
No. 560362 ID: eb10ea

I WAS JOKING ABOUT THE WHOLE 'INNER BEARD' THING, BUT SERIOUSLY, YOU ALL NEED TO MAN UP. Vlad, if you're plan is to lie down and die, you have no right to call anything pointless. I don't even know your father and I know he would not have wanted you to get drunk in the face of adversary. You have a bow, the best hunting skills your father could have taught you, a head full of mad, and a near endless supply of undead. There is only one thing you can do that this point, and IT ISN'T SELLING FAMILY HEIRLOOMS FOR BEER MONEY.

ALEX, request to go with Bradford. We can help with coordination, you'll be in a decent- sized group and OH YEAH BRADFORD IS A ZOMBIE-CRUSHING MEAT GRINDER WHO CARRIES MORE WEAPONS THAN HE HAS HANDS. There's no way out of this that I can see, so you'd better be as ready as you can for what's ahead.

And lastly, we know both of you have seen some messed-up shit, but that will pale in comparison to dozens of voices inside your head trying to sing.
>>
No. 560367 ID: 4a75fa

Harsh truth time. You're in a city surrounded by hostile undead. There is no safe job. You don't have a safe way to get out of here. If you're not out there helping with the problem, all you're doing is delaying your inevitable run in with hostiles. Because they will come.

At least this way you can be proactive about the problem. And you're better of trained than not when you inevitably run into one of these things.

Sorry, like I said before. You're stuck in a time and place where your choices matter. You don't have the luxury of overmuch safety.
>>
No. 560386 ID: 549d6c
File 139126560833.png - (24.80KB , 900x450 , 39.png )
560386

>What big news has come out of the Serath Kingdom and Keer Republic in the time after the archbishop left to come to the Northlands? Oh, and could you also tell us where the archbishop came from?
Err… I don’t know… you have to ask someone else about that.
>Harsh truth time. You're in a city surrounded by hostile undead. There is no safe job.
Some are safer than others! There’s a difference between fighting them directly and sitting in a castle.
>Alexandra, did you not become a priestess to help and heal those in dire need?
No, I became a priest to escape my past.
>if appealing to your sense of good doesn't work, then think of Jal.
Of course I’m not leaving Jal… err… actually, Jal came here because of me but… I don’t really have anywhere else to run so…
>on the plus side you'll have some crazy stories to tell you kids if you ever decide to settle down.
…yea… kids… *sigh*…
>What about the people like Vlad? Those that can’t afford to live the protection of the city?
:AlexUNB: …fine, I’ll become one of the battle thingies…
:AndrzejUNB: Glorious! Make yourself ready, you’ll have your first mission in just an hour. Don’t worry, it won’t be anything dangerous.



:VadomaUNB: -any minute now… I didn’t expect it to actually… hurt him.
:PaladinUNB: I hope he doesn’t hurt me for this…
:VadomaUNB: So… any reason why you came personally?
:ArchBishopUNB: Hmm… Because I think I know them… we’ve met before…
:VadomaUNB: …you know this hairball?
:ArchBishopUNB: Not the human… the things that he carries.
:BradfordUNB: Ungh…?

Insert At least he doesn’t have a hangover_
>>
No. 560387 ID: dbe554

Wait he can see us? Greetings Archbishop! Fancy gear you got there.
>>
No. 560392 ID: 9ddf68

well the only humans we know from around this time (I think) are a blind necromancer and a dwarf.

Anyways rise and shine Brad, we have a mission in about an hour.
>>
No. 560393 ID: 4a75fa

>I think I know them… we’ve met before…
You mean us? Can't say if we've met before, actually. We're terrible with voices, and that mask there is blocking our view of your face.
>>
No. 560413 ID: d0e0a2

Ask Nurse Verity Doctor Vadoma just what the fuck she was hoping to find out from you getting your face smote. That smiting knocks you out?

Then ask the archbishop what our color is, and what his is. We won't say it, just in case he can hear us. And would he be so kind as to take that mask off so we can see his face?

I have a hunch that we've met the archbishop before he became the archbishop, bolstered by the fact that he's human and, as far as I can tell, male. Once again, I won't say in case he can hear us.
>>
No. 560416 ID: d2995c

>>560413
Yep, this. Ask about colors.
>>
No. 560422 ID: 549d6c
File 139128107909.png - (25.07KB , 900x450 , 40.png )
560422

>Greetings Archbishop! Fancy gear you got there.

>Anyways rise and shine Brad, we have a mission in about an hour.
:BradfordUNB: Ugh… how long was I out?
:VadomaUNB: An hour and a half. Don’t worry, I took real good care of you~
:BradfordUNB: Err…
:VadomaUNB: Oh, and I would recommend that you don’t sit down for a while. You might still might be a bit… sore back there.
:PaladinUNB: She’s joking, sir. We only took a blood sample from your finger, nothing else.
:VadomaUNB: Bah, stop ruining my fun!
:PaladinUNB: And please forgive me for knocking you senseless, sir, it wasn’t my intention. Um… Please don’t hurt me?
>Ask Doctor Vadoma just what the fuck she was hoping to find out from you getting your face smote. That smiting knocks you out?
:VadomaUNB: Smiting only hurts the undead and “evil” people. The affect it had on you would either mean that you’re a seriously evil son of a bitch or that we can... well, “fight” the part of you that is corrupted. In fact, I asked the Arch Bishop for a blessed weapon and he personally blessed your war hammer himself. It is now a bane to the darkness… and hopefully will have a positive effect on your essence while you wield it.

>Can't say if we've met before, actually. We're terrible with voices, and that mask there is blocking our view of your face.
:BradfordUNB: Stop being a coward hiding behind a mask and show me your true self, Bishop.
:ArchBishopUNB: …I have to say, your new king is a bit… rough around the edges, aren’t he?
:BradfordUNB: King? What king?
:ArchBishopUNB: I’m guessing from your new king that you lost your last one when the daemon came before the sky fell down in the Serath nation. You weren’t the only one, just so you know.
>Ask the archbishop what our color is, and what his is.
:ArchBishopUNB: You’re Teal, of course… and I don’t trust you to reveal who I am. Your king has been corrupted by a Daemon, what’s stopping you from being corrupted too?
:BradfordUNB: I’m no servant of the darkness!
:ArchBishopUNB: What you believe you are is irrelevant. The path to Hel’s domain is pawned with good intentions, after all. Now, I do believe you have a mission to venture on?

Insert The darkness wishes to have a nice glass of chianti, if you would be so kind_
>>
No. 560425 ID: 9ddf68

the fuck you talking about the last thing we did back in Serath was watch the tribal army fight off undead in the pass on there way to the capital. Oh god this one of those time things where we jump back and forth isn't it? We had something like this to a lesser effect not to long ago. So what happened in good old Serath, who won the war and what happened to the royal family, seeing as we practically where part of the family at that point I'm kinda worried.
>>
No. 560429 ID: dbe554

We lost our last king? Nooo! All our work, all our good friends! D:
>>
No. 560431 ID: d2995c

Would knowing your color actually let us do anything to you? The only practical application I can think of is knowing whether messages refer to you or someone else pretending to be you.
And wouldn't you be able to tell if we were corrupted by us trying to take over our King and kill everyone else like the last corrupted Color we saw?
>>
No. 560433 ID: a87e3a

>>560422
Yeah, I don't believe this guy at all.
[check status of all pawns]

Also I bet his player is Grey. He met us before, is human, and doesn't want us to know his player's color.
>>
No. 560434 ID: eb10ea

He's not our king, the log clearly state's he's an angry pile of snow- wait what.

What the hell happened to the Seraths?
>>
No. 560443 ID: 4a75fa

>you lost your last one when the daemon came before the sky fell down in the Serath nation
Actually it was when we accidentally reset the universe in a puff of logic. Plot holes are dangerous, man.

>>560433
Seconding not taking anything he's saying at face value.

[Message to player pink: hey, you around anywhere? We've been forcibly switched from the desert to snowy north, and we're hearing that something may have happened to Serath from potentially untrustworthy sources]

>how do I know you're not corrupted
Because, by our very nature, corruption is pointless. We've already a fragmented and competing collective, self-corrupted and infighting. There's no 'whole' to corrupt. Emergent systems are kind of nice that way.
>>
No. 560450 ID: 549d6c
File 139128752031.png - (25.70KB , 900x450 , 41.png )
560450

>[check status of all pawns]
[“The hunter” Status: Depressed, “The priest” Status: Normal, “The Alchemist” Status: 87% claimed.]
>He's not our king, the log clearly state's he's an angry pile of snow- wait what.
[Your current king is “The Savage”.]
>[Message to player pink.]
[Player Pink is currently too busy to answer.]

>Would knowing your color actually let us do anything to you?
:ArchBishopUNB: If you were infected, yes.
>We lost our last king? Nooo!
:ArchBishopUNB: So, you don’t remember what happened? Hmm… I know that feeling.
>I bet his player is Grey.
:ArchBishopUNB: …if that is what you wish to believe…
:BradfordUNB: (…I think I saw him jump just when I said he was grey.)

>So what happened in good old Serath, who won the war and what happened to the royal family?
:ArchBishopUNB: Didn’t you know? The Serath deserts are no more… a new Sultan has taken the throne. As for the war… it’s just begun. Both the skirmish in the desert sands and the one in these cold mountains are simply flanking maneuvers. The real war will be fought on the other side of the great sea… and it’s already begun. Now, please excuse me, I have some really important guests to take care of. May the light be with you always, child.
:VadomaUNB: …talk about exact words.

Insert Important as in concubine, am I right?_
>>
No. 560451 ID: 9ddf68

what the hell does he mean the deserts are no more? and I'm pretty sure they people of Serath said they were in a war. So either we're really out of it or we're playing two games at once. Ah fuck it, let's just deal with our current problems for now and we can over think this later.
>>
No. 560453 ID: dbe554

>>560451

Agreed, if we cannot influence or check other locales, we will simply have to deal with the current hand.
>>
No. 560454 ID: 4a75fa

[Leave a voicemail for player pink: Get back to us when you have the chance, okay? We either got perspective jumped or killed, and we'd like to compare notes with you. Also, we suspect grey is messing with us]

>a new Sultan has taken the throne
Who?
>>
No. 560456 ID: a87e3a

>>560450
SHIT. He was telling the truth. I hope our old pawns are okay. Well, we'll find out in time, I expect. If they are, we can tap them for assistance. Jericho is probably dead, for us to have lost our memory... dammit, we've never lost this many friends before. Fucking Demons.

I don't know what we can even do anymore to fight this directly. We should not have died to a goddamn flanking maneuver. Maybe we should stay out of the main fight until we find a way to approach a Demon directly. Or maybe the key is you, Bradford? Perhaps your tainted soul is inedible? We need some sort of protection from the Demon's soul-rending aura.

Go try out your blessed hammer on some training dummies.

>>560454
Hey, no! Don't tell Pink where Grey is. If Pink is infected then she could infect Grey. I'm fairly sure we can't be infected, but Pink certainly can.

>>560451
The deserts are no more because the tribals succeeded and made it rain. We probably united the land or something and helped them do what they needed to do to accomplish that.
>>
No. 560458 ID: 4a75fa

>SHIT. He was telling the truth.
We don't know that. What we've discovered so far is consistent with his story being true, but it doesn't prove it. He could still be giving us a selection of the facts to mislead us.

>don't tell pink about grey
Fine, whatever. I'd still like to leave a message to get back to us, though.
>>
No. 560459 ID: d0e0a2

Bradford, I don't trust what the archbishop is saying yet. We'll have to check what he said against other sources before I believe it. But if what he said is true... Well, I have my hunches, and they're all bad news.

Just head down to the meeting spot for this mission. We'll deal with what's in front of us until we learn more.

[Check status of current alliances and logs of past alliances] I doubt we're still allied with Pink, but this might tell us when the alliance was broken.

>>560454
Even if we could get in contact with Pink we couldn't trust her; At least, not right away. If we were corrupted then she could have as well. And even if she wasn't we don't know what her stance and agenda is now. Hell, she could have died and came back like Gray did... Or like how it's looking like we did.

>>560456
Well, I have a strong suspicion that we can be infected. Remember right before our memories cut off we had three incidents where there wasn't a wraith around, yet our words were twisted or there were suggestions that didn't come from us? It's quite possible we ended up like Gray and came back with only the memories up to right before the corruption took hold.

Bottom line: We need to find out more, from separate sources, before making any conclusions.
>>
No. 560460 ID: 549d6c
File 139129388471.png - (23.41KB , 900x450 , 42.png )
560460

>[Check status of current alliances and logs of past alliances]
[You are currently allied with PINK in the past!]
>[Leave a voicemail for player pink: Get back to us when you have the chance, okay? We either got perspective jumped or killed, and we'd like to compare notes with you.]
[Message sent!]
>What the hell does he mean the deserts are no more?
:BradfordUNB: -Hey! I’m talking to you! Stop walking away!
:VadomaUNB: Ohohoh, I know! I know what he means!
:BradfordUNB: …well?
:VadomaUNB: The desert is gone, silly. It’s not there anymore. Every last grain of sand disappeared.
:BradfordUNB: It’s… gone?
:VadomaUNB: Tears fell from the sky and now there is no desert no more.
:BradfordUNB: …what do you mean?
:VadomaUNB: Tshh, information isn’t free, you know… if you want to know you’ll have to pay the price, hairball.
>Who is this Sultan?
:VadomaUNB: Hmm… I can’t remember her name… young girl… If I remember correctly she should be on her way here in a ship sailing through the sky right now… in fact, she’s probably the important guest the Arch Bishop was talking about.
:BradfordUNB: …a ship sailing through the sky!? You’re messing with me, aren’t you?
:VadomaUNB: Of course I am! Why would you ever believe someone like me? I’m crazy, after all!
>Ah fuck it, let's just deal with our current problems for now and we can over think this later.
:BradfordUNB: Might Hel herself claim you, witch. I got better things to do then hear your twisted statements.
:VadomaUNB: Aw, so you do like me? See, I told you he had a thing for me!
:PaladinUNB: Um… sir, if you don’t have anything to do you should always waste some time talking with the captain. I’m sure the time would just fly away if you did.
:BradfordUNB: …didn't I promise that I would break your thumb if you hurt me with your smite?
:PaladinUNB: Please don’t hurt me, sir.
>Just head down to the meeting spot for this mission.
Hmmm, if you think I’m done here…

Insert 1… 2… 3… I declare a thumb war!_
>>
No. 560461 ID: 4a75fa

>>560459
Of course we can't trust Pink's word unconditionally, but at the moment I'd be willing to give her more a benefit of the doubt than grey.

And if we need to compare information from multiple sources, a one time ally seems a decent place to try.
>>
No. 560462 ID: cbafdd

Well if you want to make a seen just smash the door on the way out, or all the doors on your way to the caption
>>
No. 560464 ID: d0e0a2

...Yeah, you're done here. Slap the paladin on the back and say you wouldn't harm a brother in the Order, and in a sincere tone tell Vadoma to have a nice day. The crazy gal would probably take that as an insult, which is what I'm guessing you want, right?

What Vadoma said could be true, more or less. I do remember references to "tears" from before, and that they'd fall from the sky. We didn't know what they'd do, but it could very well have removed every grain of sand from the desert. Also, with fire magic and clever engineering it's entirely possible to build an airship based on the premise that hot air rises to generate lift, so that's also possible.

Find Captain Andrzej, ask him the questions about the Serath desert and the sultan, and get the mission brief. Maybe it'll turn out what Vadoma said isn't all that crazy.

>"You are currently allied with PINK in the past!"
...Wait, what? ...Bloody time travel shenanigans messing up our tenses. Well, are we or aren't we allied right now?
>>
No. 560482 ID: d2995c

Ask if there is anyone around who would know about recent political events and be willing to talk about it.

>Thumbs
That was just "he does anything stupid", which he hasn't really. He did ask first, after all.

>"You are currently allied with PINK in the past!"
So we are forward in time. We should try to make sure we are also sideways in time, retroactively if necessary.
>>
No. 560557 ID: 3f0c1b

Hmmm... we did jump in time before, but it wasn't nearly as big a jump as this one. I wonder if we will jump back like we did last time or if we are stuck here.
>>
No. 560586 ID: 549d6c
File 139135246288.png - (29.79KB , 900x450 , 43.png )
560586

>...Wait, what? ...Bloody time travel shenanigans messing up our tenses. Well, are we or aren't we allied right now?
[Past you is currently allied with past pink! Current you haven’t yet met current Pink!]
>Ask if there is anyone around who would know about recent political events and be willing to talk about it.
:PaladinUNB: Well, there’s a few traders from the Serath kingdoms in the city somewhere… I’m sure they can tell you anything you want about their homeland.
>...Yeah, you're done here. Slap the paladin on the back and say you wouldn't harm a brother in the Order…
:PaladinUNB: Thank you, sir.
:BradfordUNB: And Doctor Vadoma? Thank you for your assistance and I hope you have a nice day.
:VadomaUNB: Why, you naughty little hairball! Save that kind of talk to the bedroom, stud~
:BradfordUNB: …and I’m going to drink some bleach now… so I can forget I ever heard that.
:PaladinUNB: Psst… she’s just messing with you, sir…



>Find Captain Andrzej, ask him the questions about the Serath desert and the sultan, and get the mission brief.
:AndrzejUNB: Ah, there you are, just in time… I heard that you’ve met Vadoma… sorry for her… eccentric behavior.
:BradfordUNB: She’s more nuts then a squirrel is about nuts.
:AndrzejUNB: I have to admit she’s a bit unhinged, yes, but she isn’t as crazy as she first appears. She just have a twisted sense of humor and loves messing with people.
:BradfordUNB: Enough about the crazy witch, what about the mission? Whose skull do I cleave?
:AndrzejUNB: You’re going with a bunch of rookies into an undead free zone to collect some reagents for our alchemists and healers. They are a group of real irregulars… a depressed hunter, a priest deadly afraid of the undead, an alcoholic alchemist, a chick with a lust for battle that can’t fight, a farm boy from a nearby town, two mantis sisters who’ll lead you, a cultist and a guy in a dress.
:BradfordUNB: …wait, cultist?
:AndrzejUNB: Indeed, at least we think so. We’ve long believed that this area has been used by the cultist to smuggle weapons out of our city, so we are planning to let a captured cultist lead us directly to them. We’ve already put the fear of death into him thanks to a fake execution, which some dumbass human almost ruined, so he’ll hopefully make a run for it to his cultist allies when he’s out in the field. That’s where you come in…
:BradfordUNB: Follow him and crack whatever cultist head I can find?
:AndrzejUNB: Exactly! Well, we want at least one of them alive but… yes, cleave some skulls. Now, any questions? Otherwise feel free to mingle with the others… the cultist is the human without armor, by the way…
:BradfordUNB: …you don’t happen to know anything about the Serath kingdom and it’s Sultan?
:AndrzejUNB: Err… I know that they’re one of our greatest allies… of course; most of their army is being shipped across the great sea but… um… I think their sultan is on her way here to talk with the Arch Bishop… you’ll probably see their newly invented ship that can sail in the clouds any minute now. Any other questions? Preferable ones about the mission?

Insert Mission possible_
>>
No. 560589 ID: 9ddf68

any idea on how many cultist we're going to be dealing with and is Brad the only one who's going to deal with them? Also is collateral damage something we need to worry about or can we go nuts?
>>
No. 560597 ID: d0e0a2

What's the mantis sisters' names? It'll be good to know them, since they'll be leading you on this mission. And do they or anybody else on this expedition know about the plan with the cultist?

So what cover story did they tell the cultist? We'd like to make sure that we stay in line with it so as not to raise suspicion about the reason he's being taken along. Don't want him to figure out what he's really there for and not run off, right? Also, do they have a plan to give him an opening to run, or are we just gonna wing it?

They got any idea what kind of cultist forces you'll be facing and how well equipped they are? How about what kind of mages the cultists usually field? There any special or unusual cultists or undead you might come up against out there?

I'm assuming the guy in a dress is a mage of some sort, right? What kind of magic does he wield?

I notice a lack of full paladins here. Is there at least one or two people here who can smite you unconscious if you lose control?

Head on over to Anna and ask what kind of weapon she chose. If what the captain said about her is true, she's gonna need combat training and you just might be the one to mentor her on that.

Well, looks like we don't be hearing anymore news about the Serath Kingdom until we get back, so lets get this mission over and done with ASAP.
>>
No. 560599 ID: 4a75fa

>a chick with a lust for battle that can’t fight
How tragic! Sucks being stuck with an itch you can't scratch. We'll have to fix that.

>fake execution
Someone still lost their head. Unless that was a midget inside a puppet mantis costume.

>question about the mission
No, it seems simple enough. Go out, bash some heads, wait for something to go horrible wrong and the rookies to be in way worse trouble than they're prepared for.
>>
No. 560603 ID: 549d6c
File 139136707353.png - (53.13KB , 900x450 , 44.png )
560603

>Someone still lost their head.
:AndrzejUNB: He was going to be executed anyway, so we just thought to add him for extra effect. He was to fanatical to be of any real use anyway.
>What's the mantis sisters' names?
:AndrzejUNB: The younger one with blue jewelry is sergeant Drina and this will be her first mission in command. The older one with red jewelry is lieutenant Dooriya and she is simply here to observe as long as everything is going according to plan.
>Do they or anybody else on this expedition know about the plan with the cultist?
:AndrzejUNB: They know… everyone else doesn’t need to know.

>So what cover story did they tell the cultist?
:AndrzejUNB: Cover story? He’s been enlisted as a penal soldier and will serve us until death. If that death just happens to be your axe cleaving his skull it isn’t our problem.
>They got any idea what kind of cultist forces you'll be facing and how well equipped they are?
:AndrzejUNB: The only thing we know for sure is there won’t be any undead. The cultists themselves are probably few in numbers and lightly equipped as their primary goal is to not get spotted.
>is Brad the only one who's going to deal with them?
:AndrzejUNB: Try to keep the rookies out of this, you hear?
>Collateral damage something we need to worry about or can we go nuts?
:AndrzejUNB: You’re going to be in a forest in the middle of nowhere. Just don’t hurt anyone on our side.
>I'm assuming the guy in a dress is a mage of some sort, right? What kind of magic does he wield?
:AndrzejUNB: He’s a priest. The one in robes is also a priest. They both wield holy magic.

>How tragic! Sucks being stuck with an itch you can't scratch. We'll have to fix that.
…I rather not babysit someone who’s still sucking their mother’s teat…
>Head on over to Anna and ask what kind of weapon she chose.
:AnnaUNB: Oh, Hello Mr. Beard… um… weapon? Oh, right, I choose a sword… paladins usually use swords to kill the undead, right?
:BradfordUNB: It’s not what weapon you use that matters, it’s how you use it.
:AnnaUNB: …that sounds a lot like the whole “size doesn’t matter” thing…
:BradfordUNB: A bigger sword doesn’t mean squat if you can’t wield it.
:AnnaUNB: …I have no idea if you meant that as innuendo or not.
>Let’s get this mission over and done with ASAP.
:DrinaUNB: All right, people, follow me to sledges.

:DrinaUNB: Just a friendly reminder to everyone. When we get there we’ll split up into two groups. One will help the alchemist search for reagents while the other will do some training exercises before switching. Lieutenant Dooriya here will simply observe and Private Bradford will be making sure everyone is safe. We’ll arrive in about an hour.
:AnnaUNB: So we’re going to pick flowers!? What happened to fighting the undead!?
:AlexUNB: At least it’s an easy job.
:JalUNB: Easy? Ugh… this thing isn’t easy on my stomach, let me tell you that…
:VladUNB: …we…w-we… I used to hunt out here…

Insert Lovely weather we’re having, right?_
>>
No. 560612 ID: 4a75fa

>I used to hunt out here
Well, that means you can help, better. You know the terrain, and where the herbs they're looking for are likely to be. And if we're surprised by any undead or anything else, you'll be better able to lose them, or use the terrain against them.

>So we’re going to pick flowers!? What happened to fighting the undead!?
Securing of resources and raw materials is still an important part of any conflict. It's not as glamorous as leading the charge, but it's still important. And you may still end up fighting things. The gathering team might be surprised or attacked. Think of it as an escort mission. (For flowers).
>>
No. 560613 ID: 9ddf68

crap Vlad is going emo again, Brad try to take his mind off of things, ask what he did when he got to town, and warn him about the good doctor. Also maybe ask what brought Anna here. I mean she doesn't know how to fight but seems to be eager for battle, kinda want to know the story behind that.

Also I think I see a face in the tree next to the robbed lizard, in the middle right next to where you can see the bark at the top of the tree before it's just all leaves, Two green dots. Don't think it's a face but it still bugs the crap out of me.
>>
No. 560618 ID: a87e3a

Hang on a second. He mentioned a farmboy from a nearby town. Who was that?
>>
No. 560630 ID: d0e0a2

Vlad, I'm sorry you have to come out where it reminds you of them. The memories are painful, but the pain will pass eventually. All I can say is use what you know of this place to help the collectors finish safe and fast so we can all leave sooner.

Ask Anna if she really thought the Order would just slap a weapon in the hands of raw recruits and stick them on the front lines. 'Cause that'd be effectively giving the undead cultists free gear and bodies to raise. If she wants the glory of smiting the undead and not ending up one of them she's gotta earn it through training, hard work and dedication. Until then it's doing the mundane work that supports the rest of the war effort. After all, medical supplies and firebombs don't just pop out of thin air, yanno.

Looks like the sun is getting low in the sky. Check with Sargent Drina if she's planning for the collection team to work after sunset or if we're going to camp and wait until morning.

What's the weather look like? Is it going to remain calm or shape up into something nasty?

Once we get there I think the first collection team should have at least Brad, Alexandra, Jal, Vlad, and the cultist; Have him carry what's collected. That way if the cultist does a runner Brad is right there to get on his trail.

>>560618
It's the human guy wearing the full helmet and paladin getup.
>>
No. 560631 ID: 549d6c
File 139137541789.png - (55.98KB , 900x450 , 45.png )
560631

>I think I see a face in the tree next to the robbed lizard…
:BradfordUNB: (It’s just a twig.)
>Hang on a second. He mentioned a farmboy from a nearby town. Who was that?
:BradfordUNB: (I think it’s the human in full armor… the one sitting next to Jal.)
> What's the weather look like? Is it going to remain calm or shape up into something nasty?
:BradfordUNB: (It’s starting to snow a bit… but nothing worse than that.)
>Well, that means you can help, better.
:VladUNB: (Well, woop the freaking doo, I can pick some flowers and stuff better.)

>Check with sergeant Drina if she's planning for the collection team to work after sunset or if we're going to camp and wait until morning.
:DrinaUNB: The sun sets at four and rises at nine. Either you work after dark or you don’t work at all.
>Crap Vlad is going emo again, Brad try to take his mind off of things, ask what he did when he got to town…
:VladUNB: I tried to drink myself to death before someone convinced me to die out here instead.
:AlexUNB: Dammit, Vladimir, what did I tell you about being so pessimistic?
>Maybe ask what brought Anna here. I mean she doesn't know how to fight but seems to be eager for battle, kinda want to know the story behind that.
:AnnaUNB: Well, my dad was a great fighter and so was his dad and his dad… dad was really disappointed that he never got a son so I’m here to prove that I can be as strong as any son of his!
>Securing of resources and raw materials is still an important part of any conflict.
:AnnaUNB: But it’s boring! I want to smash stuff!
>Ask Anna if she really thought the Order would just slap a weapon in the hands of raw recruits and stick them on the front lines.
:AnnaUNB: Eh… you’re right… but I still wish for some action…
:JalUNB: Careful for what you wish for...
>Think of it as an escort mission. (For flowers).
:AnnaUNB: Hmm… well, they are probably easier to escort than the usual civilian escorts you get…



:DrinaUNB: Alright, group one stay with here with me, group two and the alchemist spread a bit out and start searching for those roots and moss we need. Just follow the written instructions you’ve been given and ask the alchemist if you need any help. Oh, and keep each other in sight at all times.
:AnnaUNB: Aw, man… I’m on flower picking duty…
:BradfordUNB: (And the “cultist” is on flower picking duty too…)
:DrinaUNB: You there, lizard, go get the training weapons from the sledges. Our first order of business is the one handed crossbow, made to fire as soon as you pull it out…

Insert What? You can’t even last 30 seconds before firing?_
>>
No. 560634 ID: 9ddf68

alright so we're just going to run around until the cultist guy tries to run and then we follow him. If nothing happens then we come back to camp. Sounds simple enough so they're probably is going to be a curveball thrown in there somewhere.
>>
No. 560646 ID: a87e3a

>>560631
Go with Anna. Talk about fighting techniques. Maybe distract her with a spar so the "cultist" thinks she can get away.
>>
No. 560648 ID: d0e0a2

Okay, head out right away. We want to give this "cultist" an opening to make a run for it before the sun sets. He'll be easier to track before the light fades.

Anna certainly has determination. If she gets through her initial inexperience without dying she has a good chance to become quite a formidable fighter.
>>
No. 560669 ID: d315b1

>a group of rookies gets sent into the woods to "collect flowers for the alchemists"
>CO says there should be minimal resistance
Prepare your anus, this mission's about to get very FUN. Expect casualties.

That being said, let's move as quickly as possible. Might as well get this over with while we still have some light.
>>
No. 560726 ID: 549d6c
File 139143996712.png - (52.98KB , 900x450 , 46.png )
560726

>Prepare your anus, this mission's about to get very FUN. Expect casualties.
…anus and fun shouldn’t be in the same sentence like that… besides, expect for the best but prepare for the worst or what they usually say.
>Anna certainly has determination. If she gets through her initial inexperience without dying she has a good chance to become quite a formidable fighter.
Don’t judge her before she actually sees some real combat. She might change her temper a bit after staring death in the face.

>Okay, head out right away. We want to give this "cultist" an opening to make a run for it before the sun sets.
:BradfordUNB: Right, let’s get moving before the sun sets.
:AnnaUNB: Did you remember to pick up your lantern? And the bag for the regents?
:BradfordUNB: I got the lantern, yes, but I don’t need a bag. I’m supposed to keep watch, not pick moss and roots.
:AnnaUNB: Well, lucky you.
>Go with Anna. Talk about fighting techniques. Maybe distract her with a spar so the "cultist" thinks he can get away.
:AnnaUNB: Um… I guess I can discuss fighting techniques but… err… I’m supposed to pick ingredients, not spar.
:BradfordUNB: …and here I thought you were itching for a fight.
:AnnaUNB: Well… um… I was thinking… isn’t this a test for discipline and stuff? I mean, force us to do boring stuff so they are sure we can follow orders later?
:BradfordUNB: …Probably, yes, and that they get stuff done that they need to get done an- wait, the cu- one of the humans started ru- I lost sight of him.
:AnnaUNB: Well, you better go keep an eye on him, then.
:BradfordUNB: (I’m surprised he didn’t wait for the sun to set. Now… how do I do this? I’m not really that much of a sneak and he’s probably smart enough to make sure no one is following him…)

:VladUNB: Ow! Watch where you’re pointing that thing!
:AlexUNB: S-sorry…
:DrinaUNB: You’re lucky we’re using training shots.

Insert When the safety is off Mr. crossbow is not your friend_
>>
No. 560727 ID: 0d8a94

can you track him, just tell the people her to not do anything stupid while you going to make sure the guy you lost sight of doesn't get himself lost. If not what general direction did they run in.
>>
No. 560740 ID: d0e0a2

I think this is a case where Vlad's skills as a hunter and knowledge of the area will come in handy. Go tell the sergeant the penal soldier ran off and you'd like Vlad's help to track him down.

His footprints in the snow will make him easy to track, so he's going to be looking for every way to either not leave them behind or go where there isn't snow on the ground. Vlad might know more about that. The guy might also try finding a dense group of trees to climb up and jump and climb from one to another to lose you.

I do wonder why the guy didn't wait for the sun to set. I really hope it isn't a case where there's a strong enemy force hiding nearby that he knows he just has to reach before you lot catch him.

I also wonder why the Order wasn't cleverer about this plan. A tracking spell slipped onto the guy when he last slept would have made this much easier and more likely to succeed.
>>
No. 560755 ID: a87e3a

>>560726
Can't you get on top of a tree to spot him, then move to that location and get on top of a tree again, etc?
>>
No. 560757 ID: 549d6c
File 139146220139.png - (52.82KB , 900x450 , 47.png )
560757

>I also wonder why the Order wasn't cleverer about this plan. A tracking spell slipped onto the guy when he last slept would have made this much easier and more likely to succeed.
Hmm… good question.
>Can't you get on top of a tree to spot him, then move to that location and get on top of a tree again, etc?
Spot him in a dark, dense forest? Not even if Siegfried himself guided my eyes!

>I think this is a case where Vlad's skills as a hunter and knowledge of the area will come in handy. Go tell the sergeant the penal soldier ran off and you'd like Vlad's help to track him down.
:BradfordUNB: The penal soldier is making a run for it, can I borrow Vladimir for a while so we can track him down?
:DrinaUNB: He made a run for already? Well, of course, Vlad probably going to need experience tracking humans if he’s going to be a ranger one day.
:VladUNB: …how hard can it be to track someone in this snow?
>His footprints in the snow will make him easy to track, so he's going to be looking for every way to either not leave them behind or go where there isn't snow on the ground.
:VladUNB: Hmm… it would be hard to find somewhere around here without snow but… wait… I think he’s been doubling back over here…

Insert K-i-s-s-i-n-g_
>>
No. 560760 ID: e9e331

so any idea where he's heading then or no?
>>
No. 560762 ID: eb10ea

He behind you, hiding in the branches between the two trees.

... Unless that's him in the snowbank up ahead.
>>
No. 560767 ID: d0e0a2

Okay, remember here our objective is not to capture this guy but to lead him to believe we've lost him so he'll run to his buddies, leaving a trail to follow.

I can see a spot above the leaves of the tree behind Brad that looks like the guy's hair, but I also see what could be a pair of eyes peeking out of the snow at the bottom of the tree two ahead of Vlad. I think up the tree is where the guy is hiding.

We'll try some deception here. Brad, go check the base of the tree, then say that the guy must have doubled back and hid in a snow drift for us to pass. Then the both of you head back, poking the drifts as you go. Once you're far enough away that the trees will obscure the guy's view Vlad will hide behind a tree while Brad continues with the lantern, then listen for the guy to drop down and continue on.
>>
No. 560770 ID: 549d6c
File 139146870011.png - (52.37KB , 900x450 , 48.png )
560770

>So any idea where he's heading then or no?
:VladUNB: Um… I think there are some cliffs in that direction but I’m not sure…
>in the snowbank up ahead.
:UnknownKAK: *Hiss!*
:VladUNB: It’s just a wild animal… seems rather agitated. Maybe it got a nest nearby? …aw, man, don’t tell me I’ve been following an animal!
>He behind you, hiding in the branches between the two trees.
:BradfordUNB: (I can’t see him but… I believe I can hear him move…)
>We'll try some deception here.
:BradfordUNB: Let’s go back. We might find his track further back.
>Once you're far enough away that the trees will obscure the guy's view Vlad will hide behind a tree while Brad continues with the lantern, then listen for the guy to drop down and continue on.
:VladUNB: Huh? Oh, right… um… can do?



:BradfordUNB: (That would be far enough… if I snuff the light I may be able to catch up with Vlad undetected… wait, someone is coming?)
:UnknownKAK: Oh, thank the gods! You got to help me!
:BradfordUNB: …help you? Why are you limping?
:UnknownKAK: T-they came from the shadows! C-cultists! Within a few second they’d cut down the lizard and was coming after me! I barely escaped with my life!

Insert Unforeseen consequences_
>>
No. 560779 ID: a87e3a

>>560770
She doesn't know how powerful you are. Tell her to lead the way, but keep an eye out for an ambush.

If you find the ambush just ambush them instead.
>>
No. 560786 ID: d0e0a2

...Fuck! Why the hell did I think splitting up would be a good idea in this situation?! It likely got Vlad killed, and it wouldn't have helped us much even if it had worked. Stupid, stupid, stupid... Dammit.

This guy's story is almost certainly bullshit. His shirt is bloodied yet there's no wounds to match it. If he'd been close enough to Vlad for it to be Vlad's blood then this guy would have been caught by the cultists. He's limping, so any theoretical cultists could have easily caught up with him. He's also holding something behind his back with his right arm; Very likely a weapon. Probable situation: This fucker either killed Vlad, but not before Vlad gave him a limp, or his cultist buddies did it.

Draw your hammer and order this shitbag to get his hands in the air, turn around and lay face down in the snow. If he has a weapon or he doesn't comply, he gets his arms broken, then gagged and bound with his own clothes. He complies and is unarmed then he gets gagged and bound.

Before you do anything more we'll try to switch to Vlad to confirm whether he's dead or not. If we go through then leave this guy here and seek Vlad out. Otherwise drag him back to face justice. [Switch to "The Hunter"]
>>
No. 560804 ID: 3f0c1b

Normally you would put pressure on the wound to prevent further bleeding, not hold the hand behind your back like you were about to stab someone. So yeah, this guy is not very good at deception.
>>
No. 560813 ID: 549d6c
File 139150444130.png - (52.31KB , 900x450 , 49.png )
560813

>[Switch to "The Hunter"]
[“The Hunter” is currently busy…]
>She-
Either that’s the ugliest woman I’ve ever seen or that’s a guy. I have to admit his hair is a bit girly.

>This guy's story is almost certainly bullshit.
:BradfordUNB:
:UnknownKAK: Y-you got to help me! I’m wounded, please!
>Tell him to lead the way, but keep an eye out for an ambush. If you find the ambush just ambush them instead.
:BradfordUNB: Lead me to them. They need to be dealt with at once!
:UnknownKAK: P-p-please I… I need h-help…
>Normally you would put pressure on the wound to prevent further bleeding, not hold the hand behind your back like you were about to stab someone.
:UnknownKAK: …I… It’s… It’s been KNIFE too- *Crack* AAAAARH!!! YOU BROKE MY FUCKING ARM, YOU MANIAC!!
:BradfordUNB: To be fair, you did just try to stab me.
:UnknownKAK: BY SIEGFRIED IT HURTS!!
:BradfordUNB: Now tell me before your other arm also have an accident, where is Vladimir… and the cultists?
:UnknownKAK: I… I don’t know! I j-just made that up! I-I was attacked by s-some wild beast and h-hurt my foot and… you have to u-understand… they would k-kill me… the order! They aren’t what they seem! I… I-I had to run away! It was the only way!
:BradfordUNB: Hmm…

Insert Let’s play Truth or Bullshit_
>>
No. 560814 ID: a87e3a

>>560813
Right. Trickery didn't work so let's try threats. Tell him that if he doesn't lead you to the other cultists you will break every bone in his body. One at a time. Slowly. He'll wish he had been executed.

Then let's go back to Vlad, he is "busy" and that worries me.
>>
No. 560844 ID: 4a75fa

Tell him you don't really care if he's a cowardly runaway cultist, or if he's still one of them trying to mislead us. We need to know where they are, and he's going to tell us. Simple as that.
>>
No. 560851 ID: 549d6c
File 139153568696.png - (39.61KB , 900x450 , 50.png )
560851

>Right. Trickery didn't work so let's try threats.
:BradfordUNB: Alright, here’s what we’re going to do… I’m going to slowly break most of the bones in your body and leave you to die out here in the cold… or you’ll tell me about the cultist.
:UnknownKAK: I-I don’t know! H-honest! I’m n-not part of their c-crazy c-
*Crack*
:UnknownKAK: Argh! My finger!! I-I- you’re in the order! You g-guys aren’t s-supposed to torture people!!
:BradfordUNB: I’m freelance… now, next finger?
:UnknownKAK: F-fine! K-keep going south towards t-the cliffs… you’ll see one of t-those weird crystal t-trees… just s-shine a light on it and they’ll come… t-that’s how I c-contacted them before…
:BradfordUNB: Well then, let’s go cracks some heads, shall we?
:UnknownKAK: W-wha- you’re going to take me with you!? Do you know what they’ll do to me if they know that I sold them out!?
:BradfordUNB: Of course you’re coming with me… just in case you’re lying. Just remember you’re going in first.
:UnknownKAK: Y-you can’t- I didn’t want to- I needed the c-coin! My son is sick! I just needed a few ex-
:BradfordUNB: Save your sob story to after we’ve taken out the cultist.

>Then let's go back to Vlad, he is "busy" and that worries me.
:BradfordUNB: Where in Hel’s name have you been?
:VladUNB: Oh, you found him, good. Err… the thing you spotted in the tree wasn’t him… it was just some hay tied together. How it got there t-
:UnknownKAK: I put it there… I picked up some hay before we came out here, I thought I should use it as a distraction…
:VladUNB: So… um… why is he hurt?
:BradfordUNB: He fought a wild animal… then he tried to stab me, but now we’re best of friends, aren’t we?
:UnknownKAK: Err… sure?
:BradfordUNB: Speaking of wild animal…
:VladUNB: This? Oh, remember that Ankwark we met at the decoy? It was already wounded so… well… I shouldn’t resist tracking it down. I haven’t felt this alive since… err… yea…
:BradfordUNB: You can go all depressed later, Vladimir, we’re here.
:VladUNB: We are? Um… where is here?
:UnknownKAK: J-just hold up a light to the crystal… and they’ll come…

Insert They came from the desert… wait…_
>>
No. 560856 ID: a87e3a

>>560851
Is there any reason we need to do this now, alone? Or can we report back about the crystal's location and bring a strike team? Like, those mantis sisters for instance.
>>
No. 560859 ID: d90d89

Vlad get into a tree so if shit goes down you'll be out of immediate danger. Brad... we'll this could still be a trap so get ready to act quickly for when bad shit goes down.
>>
No. 560862 ID: d0e0a2

Tell the guy that you'll try to protect him through this, and if he comes out the other side you'll let him go; You'll say he either ran off or was killed in the scuffle. You'll even put ten crows in his pocket. But if he tries any funny business you'll hammer him into the ground like a tent peg.

Now, earlier this guy said the Order is not what it seems, so what has he heard about the Order that we haven't? We'd like to get a lead on any possible problems we might have with them sooner rather than later.

The light from the lantern is gonna make whoever holds it a prime target for ranged attackers, so find a long branch to stick it on. Light the lantern then use the branch to place it up in the crystal tree.

If whoever comes isn't immediately hostile I'd like to have a chat with them before deciding whether to smash their faces in.

Vlad, glad to hear there's still something in this world that gets your spirits up. Now get up a tree that has a good vantage point of the clearing and ready your bow. Hold fire until either we give the word or shit goes down.
>>
No. 560867 ID: 549d6c
File 139154470903.png - (42.90KB , 900x450 , 51.png )
560867

>Is there any reason we need to do this now, alone? Or can we report back about the crystal's location and bring a strike team? Like, those mantis sisters for instance.
I was told to keep the rookies out of this… but one of them should be free to help us… hmmm... we’re probably half an hour away from the camp by now and there would be more skulls for me to bash without help.

>Now, earlier this guy said the Order is not what it seems, so what has he heard about the Order that we haven't?
:UnknownKAK: They say that they’ve come to fight the undead, but they killed the ruling family and took over the whole city! They are ruling us with an iron fist!
:BradfordUNB: They are a bit strict, yes, but they do have a good reason to be so.
:UnknownKAK: And I’ve heard rumors… whatever this light is that they pray to… it isn’t a god… it’s something else.
>Vlad get into a tree so if shit goes down you'll be out of immediate danger.
:VladUNB: Right… I think I saw a good vantage point just a few trees away.
>Tell the guy that you'll try to protect him through this, and if he comes out the other side you'll let him go; You'll say he either ran off or was killed in the scuffle.
:UnknownKAK: B-but my son… his still in the city! I can’t leave him!
:BradfordUNB: …but you were just about to run away and join a cult?
:UnknownKAK: They have connections… at least, that what they said. They’ve offered me to join before; they offered to help my son if we both joined but… I don’t want to bring my son into something like… that…
:BradfordUNB: Hmm… maybe I can have talk with the captain about this…

>If whoever comes isn't immediately hostile I'd like to have a chat with them before deciding whether to smash their faces in. This could still be a trap so get ready to act quickly for when bad shit goes down.
:BradfordUNB: Oh, great Siegfried, bring me a worthy opponent to test my mettle with…
:UnknownKAK: …err, should I re-
:BradfordUNB: I need you to talk with them.



:CultistUNB: ...Ah, so you’ve changed your mind about us, little lamb? Have you come to join our order and give your praise to the blood god? …wait, who is this?
:BradfordUNB: (…only one of them? I do hope there are more in hiding.)

Insert Please donate blood for the blood god_
>>
No. 560870 ID: dbe554

He's either really strong, or he's likely to have others lying in wait to make sure he's defended.

..Or he's the poor messenger sap that's going to meet someone's maker in a quick and painful way.
>>
No. 560873 ID: 9ddf68

we're a pissed off guy looking for answers, depending on how you answer our questions you'll either make us happy by giving us knowledge or by satisfying our blood lust, your choice boy.
>>
No. 560875 ID: a87e3a

>>560867
Say you're a mercenary that was hired to escort him here. Also that you might be interested in joining. Ask what they would have to offer you.
>>
No. 560879 ID: d0e0a2

Okay, either this cultist is powerful, there's more cultists hiding in the tree line, or she's a lowly recruiter/contact for the cult. From what she said to the guy I'm leaning towards the latter one, and in that case if you kill her then the trail dies here. But if it turns out to the be one of the others than you'll get to knock heads in.

Play this like you might be interested in joining their order. Step forward and say you want to hear more about the Blood God and their order, so hit you with her best recruitment pitch.

There's the possibility that this "Blood God" cult isn't the same as the one raising undead; That there's more cults and factions up here than the two we know of. Dunno what we'd do if we found that out. We'll just have to find out more and figure it out on the way.
>>
No. 560884 ID: 549d6c
File 139155102094.png - (42.97KB , 900x450 , 52.png )
560884

>He's either really strong, or he's likely to have others lying in wait to make sure he's defended.
I really hope so. I haven’t cleaved a living skull in ages!
>Say you're a mercenary that was hired to escort him here. Also that you might be interested in joining. Ask what they would have to offer you.
:BradfordUNB: I’m a sword for hire he paid for safe passage, heard you folks have some sweet coin to offer.
:CultistUNB: …you didn’t really do a good job, did you? The lamb looks to be beaten half to death.
:BradfordUNB: The order did that before I should get to him.
:CultistUNB: …they torture people? I thought they didn’t do that?
:BradfordUNB: Those that looks into the abyss…
:CultistUNB: Indeed… and of course we willing to pay for a body like yours… of course, you have to know it’s a job that you can’t quit.
:BradfordUNB: …aren’t you suppose to try and convince me to join and not the opposite?
:CultistUNB: Oh, but you haven’t even heard of what we have to offer yet. Join us and you’ll be one of the chosen ones that will be spared when the blood god cast the world into darkness! You will become a king over men! One of the lords over mankind! They will all be slaves to your will!
:BradfordUNB: …and the pay?
:CultistUNB: 5 crows a day at the start, average 15 a day and if you’re lucky, 50 a day. You also get free bedding, food and entertainment, lots of loyal friends, culture, blood sacrifices, slaves (Either male or female… whatever floats your boat,) and there’s an orgy every Valkyrieday… and if you’re really lucky… maybe you’ll get a chance to lay claim to my beautiful body, stud~ wait… why do you have a tracking spell cast on you!?
:BradfordUNB: Err…

Insert The orgy is mandatory_
>>
No. 560892 ID: 9ddf68

does every cult have an orgy in it?

what do? does he mean does he have a tracking spell on you or the guy we're "protecting". If he means the guy just say we had a friend throw it on him so we could find him should we drink to much and wonder off... again. If he means you just say you started a tab at a bar that really likes to make sure that it's patrens pay up at the end of the month, even if they have to track you down and beat it out of you, Great place, a fight every other night, friendly environment that can turn hostile by the drop of a hat, and the booze while a little watered down is pretty cheap.
>>
No. 560898 ID: a87e3a

>>560884
TIME TO SMASH HEADS! Actually if this is the only cultist that showed up try to be nonlethal so we can find out where the others are.
>>
No. 560899 ID: dbe554

>>560892

Well it is a great recruitment tool.

Wanna join a potentially deadly cult? Live like it's your last! Every week we have a large sexual orgy with the partner of your choice, join today and receive two vouchers today!
>>
No. 560902 ID: eb10ea

I don't trust those red eyes. Again, lies sound very nice.
>>
No. 560903 ID: d0e0a2

...Well, now we know why the Order didn't put a tracking spell on this guy.

Say that the spell is so the guys you hired back in town and gave the enchanted compass tied to it can find and rescue your dumb ass if you did something stupid like break both your legs falling down a snow-hidden crevasse. It's a precaution you take every time you head into the wilderness. She's free to dispel it if she can.

If she buys that but spots the blessing on your hammer say you looted it off an Order paladin that you killed. Then look to the guy and ask "ain't that right?"

Unfortunately it's not likely she's going to believe you. In that case you ought to try to capture her alive to bring back for interrogation. The Order will probably prefer that to a corpse. Windwalk sprint behind her, punch her in the kidneys, then shove her face first into the snow to pin her head down so she can't shout for help. Once she's bound and gagged we can follow her tracks back the way she came to see if it leads to the cult's hideout.
>>
No. 560956 ID: 549d6c
File 139161118274.png - (43.26KB , 900x450 , 53.png )
560956

>Does every cult have an orgy in it?
:CultistUNB: If they want to be compatible in todays marked. What with all the cults popping up as the coming darkness is approaching you need the extra edge to stick out from the rest. In fact, since we organized the weekly orgies our membership has skyrocketed and the teenager/Young adult single males and 40+ single males demographic have nearly had an increase of 300%! But enough sales pitching, about that tracking magic…
:BradfordUNB: It’s in case I get lost in the wilderness, so the people that employ me can find me.
:CultistUNB:
:BradfordUNB:
:CultistUNB:
:BradfordUNB: Fine… I got it because of a bar tab.
:CultistUNB: A bar tab?
:BradfordUNB: There this bar not far from here… the ale is a bit watered down but cheap and some of the stronger drinks taste like piss but the fights… let me tell you, the fights are to die for. In fact, just the other night I used one of the chairs to both smash someone clean through a window and another right into all those bottles behind the bar in the same swing! Of course, now I have to pay for the damage and… tracking spell. You can dispel it if you want to.
:CultistUNB: …Dispel it? Um… of course, just let me… do this weird hand moment and I’ll have it dispelled in no time.
:BradfordUNB: …that’s an odd gesture for magic casting… Are you sure yo-
:CultistUNB: Of course I’m doing it right… I’m definitely casting the dispel spell and nothing else…

Insert The women of all ages demographic has oddly enough only increased with 9%..._
>>
No. 560962 ID: 0d8a94

arrows incoming, feel free to smash everything now
>>
No. 560965 ID: eb10ea

I think that's the 'open fire' signal. Vlad's returning fire, so do your thing and break some skulls. Or knees, if you want more information.
>>
No. 560986 ID: 4a75fa

Right. Our cover is blown. Time to break some heads.

Push Coward McCultist down under the snow or something where he won't be killed in the crossfire.

>chosen ones that will be spared when the blood god cast the world into darkness!
...yes, because seeing the world cast into darkness is such a good thing.

>murdered ruling family
>they don't worship a god
That's true, at least. They're lead by something like us. A player. And it's making a play for power here. Granted, I prefer to the person trying to take over while saving people to the people who want to cast the world into darkness, but still not trustworthy. Grey is up to something.
>>
No. 560990 ID: 549d6c
File 139162344078.png - (43.49KB , 900x450 , 54.png )
560990

>Arrows incoming.
Arrows dodged.
>Vlad's returning fire.
And if the scream is anything to go by, he hit someone.

>Push Coward McCultist down under the snow or something where he won't be killed in the crossfire.
:BradfordUNB: Get down!
:UnknownKAK: Ow!
>Do your thing and break some skulls. Or knees, if you want more information.
:CultistUNB: OW! Son of a- my fucking knee!
:BradfordUNB: There, all- wait, where did you gu-
:CultistUNB: Blood for the blood god!
*Tock!*
:BradfordUNB: (Ow… got a bolt in my chest… probably poisoned… everything is going all… wobbly…)

Insert Harriers for the cup!_
>>
No. 561000 ID: a87e3a

>>560990
Kill them fast, then.
>>
No. 561002 ID: ae5fc9

White Robed Ambush Cultists, probably hiding in the snow. Clever. Bad for us, but clever.
Betting Dark Robes behind you is more the recruiting/leader type but...Well. Maybe with some luck we'll find a way out of this, but I'm thinking maybe leave the killing to Vlad for the most part, and run. Take out anyone in your way but no one else!
>>
No. 561011 ID: a87e3a

Don't forget to pull the arrow out. If you don't feel up to moving around you could just use a throwing axe on those two white-robes.

Let Vlad take out the other archer while keeping watch for more arrows.
>>
No. 561015 ID: d0e0a2

Wield your other throwing ax and chuck it full force at the guys in front of you. If you miss the sword dude then grab the stick the lantern is on and smash it into him. We'll see how he likes being covered in burning lamp oil.

Don't pull the bolt out. What poison that would get into your bloodstream from it is already in your bloodstream. Removing it will just add blood loss on top of being poisoned. The poisoned bolt will also be vital in Jal determining the antidote and treatment for it.

Vlad, if you can hear us, after you deal with their archers target the crossbow wielding dude; Keep him from firing another poison bolt.
>>
No. 561019 ID: 549d6c
File 139163351517.png - (43.43KB , 900x450 , 55.png )
561019

>Kill them fast, then. Wield your other throwing ax and chuck it full force at the guys in front of you.
:CultistUNB: Argh!!
:CultistUNB: HOLY CRAP!!
>Don't forget to pull the bolt out. Don't pull the bolt out.
:BradfordUNB: (Everything… going dark…? The bolt is… I…. I don’t… urgh…)

[You have lost contact with “The Savage”!]

:VladUNB: Brad!? Are you alright? Oh no, please no… oh good, he’s still breathing…
>Let Vlad take out the other archer while keeping watch for more arrows.
:VladUNB: I… err… when I killed one of them the other one ran away before I should get another shot.
:CultistUNB: …it was a human, wasn’t it? Damn that coward, leaving me here!
:VladUNB: Err… right, surrender or die?
:CultistUNB: The bearded thing capped my freaking knee… I can’t stand, let alone fight… I mean… err… Oh thank you, heroes, for saving me from the evil cult of the blood… …not buying it?
:VladUNB: Not really…
:CultistUNB: …so, if I give you a night you’ll never forget, will you let me go?
:VladUNB: Your leg is bust… and my friend is dying- Oh shit, right, Brad! By Thane, what am I supposed to do!?
:UnknownKAK: Is it over? Are they gone?
:CultistUNB: …help me and I’ll help your friend, cutie?

Insert Help me help you help me help you_
>>
No. 561020 ID: a87e3a

>>561019
Help how? Tell the cultist that if she gives you the antidote we won't kill her slowly.
>>
No. 561022 ID: 4a75fa

>>561019
You, you. Whiney ex-cultist with the kid. Stop eying that axe over there and wondering if you should do something stupid.

>help
Uh, keep him alive, and don't let the remaining cultists do anything stupid. We'll tell the healer to get over here.

[To Alex]
We've got a patient for you, unfortunately.
>>
No. 561025 ID: e9e331

what gender is that thing? I can't tell because of the stupid cultist hoody
>>
No. 561027 ID: 53ba34

>>561025
purple is a girl lizard.
>>
No. 561030 ID: 549d6c
File 139163700435.png - (45.11KB , 900x450 , 56.png )
561030

>What gender is that thing?
>Purple is a girl lizard.
It’s quite clearly a human… and going by those weird mammary glands on her chest she’s female. I’ve always wondered why they have grown so big on humans… and why I keep getting this urge to just bury my face between them… err… wait, did I just answer my own question?

>You, you. Whiney ex-cultist with the kid. Stop eying that axe over there and wondering if you should do something stupid.
:CultistUNB: And do what? If I kill you guys I’m going to be all alone out here in the wilderness without a leg to stand on, doomed to either freeze to death or become chow to one of those yetis. Trust me, becoming Yeti poop is the last thing I want.
>Tell the cultist that if she gives you the antidote we won't kill her slowly.
:VladUNB: Alright… err… lady, cough up the antidote or I’ll… I’ll burn you alive… so you won’t rise again and… oh crap, those cultist are coming back as undead any minute now, aren’t they?
:CultistUNB: No, they aren’t. The plague that spreads the undead only affect the dead… the living can’t carry it. And why would I have an antidote with me? As fun as it is to watch you squirm I’ll let you in on a bit on a secret. The poison isn’t lethal, it’s meant to knock people out… we’ve gotten some new orders, to bring people in alive for some reason…
>Uh, keep him alive, and don't let the remaining cultists do anything stupid. We'll tell the healer to get over here.
:VladUNB: Right, might Gilgamesh himself bring you speed!



>[To Alex] We've got a patient for you, unfortunately.
:AlexUNB: There they are!
:DooriyaUNB: I still don’t understand how you were able to know they were hurt?
:AlexUNB: Err… trade secret.
:DooriyaUNB: Now… what do we have here?
:CultistUNB: A party? …we’re just missing the booze… and the lack of clothes…
:DooriyaUNB: …and you… I got orders from the captain that I should cut off your head as soon as you weren’t useful anymore…
:UnknownKAK: Please, no! I got a son!! You can’t ju-
:DooriyaUNB: But I’m starting to doubt the captains judgment… hmm…

Insert No party like a Donner party_
>>
No. 561032 ID: 4a75fa

>But I’m starting to doubt the captains judgment… hmm
When in doubt, you can always remove heads later. They're rather difficult to re-attach later.
>>
No. 561033 ID: a87e3a

Vlad, tell her about what Mr. Whiny's motivations are, according to him. About how he mainly just wanted to escape the city, but didn't want to have his son join the cult.
>>
No. 561036 ID: d0e0a2

Yeah, Vlad, you did just answer your own question. You've gotta try it someday! It's a hoot!

Anyway, there's a chance that archer that ran off went to get reinforcements, so I think we ought to get out of here ASAP. Gather the gear, load up the injured on sleds, tie down the cultist and get outta here. Oh, and don't forget the ankwark. You killed it so may as well keep it. Are they good eatin'?

Tell the lieutenant everything that happened here and on the way here (with a bit of editing to leave us out,) and what the Whiny Guy said earlier. From that it's almost certain the guy has no loyalty to the cult and only dealt with them 'cause he was desperate.

How about we take guy back and make the case to the captain that the guy should get a lighter sentence? Something like working as penal labor for a handful of years. The captain can still behead the guy if he doesn't agree.

And point out that if Brad didn't have a tracking spell on him this mission would have gone well and we'd have the location of the cultist's hideout. As is, if it weren't for the cultists switching to non-lethal poison on their bolts Brad would be dead.

Hey, Alex, if somebody is hit by a poisoned bolt like Brad was is it better to pull it out or leave it in? I'd like to know 'cause we didn't know earlier which way to advise Brad or Vlad on that.
>>
No. 561050 ID: 549d6c
File 139164660758.png - (48.71KB , 900x450 , 57.png )
561050

>Vlad, tell her about what Mr. Whiny's motivations are, according to him.
:DooriyaUNB: Yes, Vladimir, tell me.
:VladUNB: Um… well, he sa- wait, what!? You heard them too!?
:DooriyaUNB: Not important right now. Tell me what he said.
:VladUNB: Err… that his son is sick and he desperately needed coin but… err… he didn’t want to join the cult unless there was no other way… oh, and-
>Tell the lieutenant everything that happened here and on the way here…
:VladUNB: -then you guys came.
:DooriyaUNB: Thanks to the warning from these mysterious voices, I gather?

>When in doubt, you can always remove heads later. They're rather difficult to re-attach later.
:DooriyaUNB: Re-attaching is easy, getting them to live is the hard part.
>How about we take guy back and make the case to the captain that the guy should get a lighter sentence? Something like working as penal labor for a handful of years.
:DooriyaUNB: …hmm, He should have been judged like that in the first place… it isn’t like the captain to be this harsh.
>point out that if Brad didn't have a tracking spell on him this mission would have gone well and we'd have the location of the cultist's hideout.
:DooriyaUNB: If he didn’t have it then we wouldn’t have found him either. You guys are in the middle of nowhere, after all.
:CultistUNB: Don’t bother with the hideout, you’ve already killed all of us… Besides, this place is worthless if you know we’re here.
>Hey, Alex, if somebody is hit by a poisoned bolt like Brad was is it better to pull it out or leave it in?
:AlexUNB: Well, that depends on the poison… and the bolt… and how deep it is… and… it depends on a lot of things, alright?

>There's a chance that archer that ran off went to get reinforcements, so I think we ought to get out of here ASAP.
:DooriyaUNB: Right, back to base. The training will be cut a bit short but safety first.
>Oh, and don't forget the ankwark. You killed it so may as well keep it. Are they good eatin'?
:DooriyaUNB: You cough a Ankwark!? Well, we’ll have a feast tonight! They are delicious! Now, let’s get a move on…
:DrinaUNB: Wait… aren’t we missing someone? Where’s the Alchemist?
:UnknownKAK: Err… maybe he wandered off somewhere? He was rather tipsy…
:UnknownKAK: I saw him drinking from his whisky flask an hour ago…
:AlexUNB: Oh, gods damn him…

Insert And thus he will burn in Hel’s domain for all eternity_
>>
No. 561052 ID: ae5fc9

Sonnova crap.

We CAN switch to the guy, but the problem there is we're lousy at telling the terrain apart and whatnot.

And I suppose we shouldn't be surprised that mantis heard us...
Long story short, we had six individuals that we could choose from.
Alex, Vlad, Brad, Anne-Sophie, and Jai. I suppose you, miss, are the sixth-the Female mantis in our choice of selections...
But REGARDLESS! Jai's missing.
Vlad could probably track him come to think of it, given the guy is tipsy, but let's not stay out here too long...
Where the Cultists roam, the dead are likely not far behind...
>>
No. 561053 ID: a87e3a

>>561050
Well, he was almost a pawn last we checked, maybe we can switch to him and get him back to safety.
[switch to The Alchemist]
>>
No. 561100 ID: 4a75fa

We'll see if we can find him and lead him to you, or point you to him.

If that fails, Vlad can try tracking him, I guess?
>>
No. 561121 ID: d0e0a2

Well, Dooriya, welcome to the team. I have to say, you're taking suddenly hearing strange voices in your head awfully well. You haven't had experience with something or someone like us before, have you?

Poke the cultist and ask her how long the knockout poison lasts. I'd like to know if Brad's going to be up and about sooner rather than later. ...Hey, who asked the cultist about the hideout? She didn't hear us, right? I just want to be sure about that.

Vlad, check the camp perimeter for Jal's trail and follow it for a minute. If we're lucky he'll have passed out in the bushes before getting any farther. If he didn't then we'll have to send out a search party; Vlad to track, Alex in case Jal's injured and Dooriya for protection. Everybody else circle the sleds for defense and stay put; If the search party isn't back in two hours head back to town.

We'll switch to Jal, but unfortunately we won't have any idea which way to go when we do. We might be able to follow his footprints back, but if it's too dark and he doesn't have a light that won't work. Oh, are there any of those crystal trees near the camp? If there is one then building a bonfire next to it will light it up for miles. Then Jal could climb a tree and look around for it to get his bearings.

>>561052
I don't think Anna is with us. At least, she couldn't hear us the last time we were nearby. But with the way Dooriya seemed to come out of nowhere we better check on that. [Check pawn status]
>>
No. 561151 ID: 549d6c
File 139169605213.png - (48.95KB , 900x450 , 58.png )
561151

>[Check pawn status]
[“The Savage” Status: Dying. “The hunter” Status: Depressed, “The priest” Status: Normal, “The Alchemist” Status: Drunk. “Sister of Wisdom” Status: Confused. “Sister of Power” Status: 67% Claimed. “The Valkyrie of Courage” Status: 99% Claimed. Current Corruption level: 13% and rising.]
>[switch to The Alchemist]
[The alchemist is close enough to control already.]

>Where the Cultists roam, the dead are likely not far behind...
:DooriyaUNB: There won’t be any undead this far south. We got them locked down to the north and east of the city.
:DrinaUNB: Err… I already know, sis…
:DooriyaUNB: Wait… you can’t… hmm…
:AlexUNB: Psst! You don’t need to talk, only think.
>Well, Dooriya, welcome to the team. I have to say, you're taking suddenly hearing strange voices in your head awfully well.
:DooriyaUNB: (We don’t really have time to question you right now… but this whole “only some people seems to hear you” and “currently reading my thoughts” is a bit freaky…)

>Vlad can try tracking him.
:VladUNB: Err… there’s like a million tracks here… and I have no idea how his looks like…
:DrinaUNB: Well, I guess we have to spread out and look for him. He can’t have gone far.
:AlexUNB: JAL!!?
:JalUNB: Huh? Wha- …who’s that, strange voice of the sky?
:VladUNB: …his sitting in the tree over there… the one just a few meter in front of the sleds… how did he even get up there?
:JalUNB: Dammit, how is he supposed to get down from there?

>Poke the cultist and ask her how long the knockout poison lasts. I'd like to know if Brad's going to be up and about sooner rather than later.
:AlexUNB: Err… Brad’s nose just started bleeding… something tells me that this wasn’t really knockout poison!
:CultistUNB: Oh, I must have remembered wrong, wops~ …hmm, I’m actually surprise the beard is still alive…
>...Hey, who asked the cultist about the hideout? She didn't hear us, right? I just want to be sure about that.
:CultistUNB: Of course I can’t hear you, voices… and can only hear the voice of the master… can’t you hear him too? Soon… he will start singing for you too, little voice… and it will be beautiful…
:VladUNB: …if you can’t hear it then… how did you…
:DrinaUNB: …what the hell is going on here? What voice!?

Insert Never trust someone who is trying to bring the world to an end_
>>
No. 561153 ID: dbe554

Oh we can only hear what you speak aloud in your mind, we can't scan surface thoughts or anything. So we won't be invading your privacy too much.
>>
No. 561156 ID: ae5fc9

Heh. Master you say, Cultist? Funny story about that. Seems we're claiming someone called "The Valkyrie of Courage". Sound familiar to you?
As for Jai...I dunno how he got UP there but unless he's sober I definately know how he's gonna get DOWN from there!
Maybe the Sisters of Power and Wisdom should look away while our Alchemist does so eh? Or maybe our dear Alchemist is a better climber than one would expect eh?
>>
No. 561158 ID: 4a75fa

>if you can’t hear it then… how did you...
Something else can hear us, and is relaying what we said, I think.

>Current Corruption level: 13% and rising
Whups. That's it. Time to start channeling McCarthy. We've got enough voices we can afford to purge the afflicted.

...we might need to talk with Grey. He's the only one who's displayed any knowledge on this front, and we may need that, regardless of his dickish powergrabbing and executions.
>>
No. 561164 ID: d0e0a2

...Of course the Blood God doomsday cultist lied. Dammit, why do we sometimes trust people we really, really shouldn't?

I'm guessing the cultist's master is relaying what we're saying to her, but I suspect it's based on proximity to us. Bind, gag, blindfold and plug her ears, then drag her up the path well away from us. We'll pick her up on the way back to town.

Dooriya, tell your sister that the cultist is talking about the voice of the Blood God, and the voices the rest of you are hearing are guiding spirits in opposition to him. Now, whether she believes you or not, we need her help in getting Jal down.

Bring one of the sleds over to the tree that Jal's in. The sisters'll stand in it for a slight height advantage to either catch Jal or help him down. Hey, Jal! Remember those two hotties from the tavern? Well, they're below right now, waiting to catch you. So climb down and drop into their arms.

We need Jal to ID the poison ASAP and come up with an antidote. Alex, did Jal bring any of his alchemical gear on this trip? If so, then set it up if you know how to.

>"Current Corruption level: 13% and rising."
...Fuck. I dunno whether that's our corruption level or Brad's. Might be both since we're tied to each other. Somebody get Brad's blessed warhammer and stick it in his hands. It's supposed to resist corruption when he wields it, so maybe that'll help.
>>
No. 561165 ID: d90d89

can't we just knock Jal down and get him to treat Brad? I mean we're kinda in a hurry here. Not sure how long Brad has before he goes on a permanent map.

Also Dooriya, you sister should hear us soon.
>>
No. 561167 ID: a87e3a

>>561151
Purple robe is corrupting us, I think. Kill him, and search him for an antidote.
>>
No. 561168 ID: 549d6c
File 139171125437.png - (48.89KB , 900x450 , 59.png )
561168

>Dooriya, tell your sister that the cultist is talking about the voice of the Blood God, and the voices the rest of you are hearing are guiding spirits in opposition to him.
:DrinaUNB: …right, if it was above my rank to know about it you should have just told me that, sister.
>As for Jai...I dunno how he got UP there but unless he's sober I definately know how he's gonna get DOWN from there!
:DooriyaUNB: Stay put, Alchemist, we’re going to get you do-
>Hey, Jal! Remember those two hotties from the tavern? Well, they're below right now, waiting to catch you.
:JalUNB: Don’t worry, I’m alshmost down…
:DrinaUNB: No wait, we aren’t-
*Crash!*
:JalUNB: Ung… don’t worry, I’m alright… the snow broke my fall… and something else that’s really soft…
:VladUNB: Err… I think that’s some spider droppings.
:JalUNB: …oh, shit!
:VladUNB: Exactly!

>Heh. Master you say, Cultist? Funny story about that. Seems we're claiming someone called "The Valkyrie of Courage". Sound familiar to you?
:CultistUNB: Not at all… I’m not the Valkyrie! That name is for pussies.
:AnnaUNB: Hey! My dad used to call me that!
>Something else can hear us, and is relaying what we said, I think.
:CultistUNB: And soon you’ll sing the same song a grey… oh, you’ll sing our song of darkness!
[Warning! Corruption at 15% and rising!]
>Whups. That's it. Time to start channeling McCarthy. We've got enough voices we can afford to purge the afflicted.
:CultistUNB: Yes! Start the infighting! Become weaker as my master feast upon you!
>I'm guessing the cultist's master is relaying what we're saying to her, but I suspect it's based on proximity to us. Bind, gag, blindfold and plug her ears, then drag her up the path well away from us.
:CultistUNB: Wait, no do- *Muffled*
[Corruption is falling!]

>We need Jal to ID the poison ASAP and come up with an antidote.
:JalUNB: Oh… this is a real nasty one… you’re supposed to be dead, bearded man of… of… huh?
:AlexUNB: Cure him, Jal!
:JalUNB: Oh right, curing and the poison and the dying and the beard and the… err… give me… give me one of those roots you’ve been collecting… *Hic*…
:DrinaUNB: Err… should we really let him do this drunk!?
:AlexUNB: He usually does his best work drunk.
:JalUNB: With a bit of that and… drink…
:BradfordUNB: Mngth! *Barf!*
:JalUNB: And expel! There… he’ll live…
:BradfordUNB: Where are the bastards! Let me at them!
:AlexUNB: Err… you already killed them…
:BradfordUNB: …bah!
:JalUNB: …shouldn’t you be like… sick or something? I mean, you were almost dying a second ago… and you puked up a bit of blood…
:BradfordUNB: Bah! Again! I don’t have time to be sick when there are heads to smash! Are you sure I got them all!?
:AlexUNB: Yes!
:BradfordUNB: … *Grumble…*

Insert Clearly he isn’t the king, he got shit all over him after all_
>>
No. 561169 ID: 4a75fa

>give into the infighting!
That's not corruption. That's our natural state of being.

>corruption dropping
Huh. Just by binding and gagging him?

>are you sure I got them all
Well, actually, there's one left, but we took it prisoner. So yeah, no more headbreaking for now.

>soon you'll sing the same song [as] grey
Well, that supports our suspicions.
>>
No. 561170 ID: a87e3a

>>561168
Oh good, the corruption is going back down. You guys can keep the cultist, but not anywhere near us ever, okay? So I guess... we'll stay with Brad and Vlad, and some of you can trail behind with the cultist as we return to base. I'm sure the paladins will LOVE interrogating her.
>>
No. 561171 ID: d90d89

not sure if grey is corrupt, could just be the blood god (snrk) just trying to turn us one potential allies or just send us on a wild goose chase, Besides we keep our eyes one everyone anyways as we're paranoid as hell.

Anyways we slayed the cultist in the area and no one died... expect the cultist of course, now what?
>>
No. 561174 ID: d0e0a2

I see a beam of pale light just went up from the mountaintop in the distance. No idea what it means, so I'm gonna assume it bodes ill for us. We best make haste back to town. Throw the cultist in the last sled, far away from us.

We saw a light on a mountaintop earlier today and Vlad said it'd been coming and going for months now. Is that mountain the same one as the one with the light from before?

Hey, Brad, could you lightly press your blessed warhammer against the face of the cultist for us. I'd like to see if mere contact with a holy weapon will hurt those who are corrupted.

We're gonna have to assume everything the cultist said and has said is disinformation until proven otherwise. So there may or may not be more cult forces nearby, there may or may not be undead nearby, and the undead curse may or may not be transmitted by the living. Also, Gray may or may not be corrupted, and the cultist may or may not have been referring to the Gray we killed in the Serath Desert and not the Gray that was purged and reborn afterwards.

With the fact that our corruption rose by proximity to a corrupted cultist, I'm worried that Gray may have been inadvertently corrupted. Most of those she has are in the Order and often have contact with the cultists. Any time Gray was with one who was near a cultist for an extended time would have silently spread the corruption to her. This'll be bad news for us and the Order if true.
>>
No. 561186 ID: 549d6c
File 139172594182.png - (52.44KB , 900x450 , 60.png )
561186

>Well, that supports our suspicions.
>not sure if grey is corrupt, could just be the blood god (snrk) just trying to turn us one potential allies or just send us on a wild goose chase.
:VladUNB: (Let’s not jump to conclusions here… I don’t know who this gray is but…)
>With the fact that our corruption rose by proximity to a corrupted cultist, I'm worried that Gray may have been inadvertently corrupted.
:BradfordUNB: (The arch bishop doesn’t sound like a man who would interrogate his prisoners personally. Besides, there must be a way to fight them without being corrupted… exept for killing them quickly.)

>We're gonna have to assume everything the cultist said and has said is disinformation until proven otherwise. So there may or may not be more cult forces nearby, there may or may not be undead nearby, and the undead curse may or may not be transmitted by the living.
:DooriyaUNB: (I don’t know anything about the cult forces, but I do know there isn’t any undead nearby. We have the means to detect them. As for the plague, as far as we know it doesn’t spread to the living.)
>I see a beam of pale light just went up from the mountaintop in the distance. Is that mountain the same one as the one with the light from before?
:VladUNB: (Yes. Yes, it is.)
:DooriyaUNB: (That’s the main pillar, the highest mountain in this part of the world. All the undead originate from somewhere on that mountain, but so far we haven’t had a chance to get even close to it. They are simply to many.)
>Hey, Brad, could you lightly press your blessed warhammer against the face of the cultist for us. I'd like to see if mere contact with a holy weapon will hurt those who are corrupted.
:DooriyaUNB: Please don’t torture the prisoner. It will burn her, happy?

[You now have control over “The Valkyrie of Courage!”]
:AnnaUNB: (Man… why did Vlad get all the fun? I didn’t even get to do the drills! Stupid cultists… why shouldn’t you attack the rookies too? I really wanted a good fight… I’ll take even one lonely cultist… or an undead… even one of those normal, stupid one… or maybe a demonic voice in my head trying to take me over? That would be fun to fight against… dum dum dumelidum… man, this trip is boring… why can’t anything exiting ever happen to me? …to whoever is listening, I wish something exiting would happen… right now… now…. NOW… bah, worth a try…)

Insert With a friend like me_
>>
No. 561188 ID: a87e3a

>>561186
Sup, Anna. Welcome to the fold. We need to get you some training immediately. Don't worry, you'll see some action eventually. Maybe you can spar with Brad.

If the hammer burns the corrupted, then it can be used to check if the Archbishop is corrupted. If not, we should at least warn him that the Blood God already knew Grey's color. Not to worry though, once our allies get here we can kill Grey again to stop her if she goes berserk like last time. Or maybe there's another similar weapon here we can use. Hey, does anyone know of any weapons that are especially effective against magical creatures? That's the sort of thing we'd need.
>>
No. 561191 ID: 9ddf68

OK, how you doing?

Before you ask sorry we're not the demonic voice you wanted to fight against but we do tend to fight against them so , maybe soon? anyways if you're hearing us that means you're about to get into something really nasty stuff in the near future so there's that. If you have any more problems and don't feel like asking us Brad, Vlad, Alex, Jal (once he realizes we're not part of his drunken stupor), and soon both of the mantis sisters (we can talk to Dooriya right now but Drina still can't hear us)
>>
No. 561220 ID: d0e0a2

Instead of a daemonic voice in your head trying to take you over would you settle for a collective of overly talkative, sometimes unobservant spirits that want to save the world and who'll give you occasionally strange or stupid advice? Well, you're getting them whether you want to or not! Welcome to our team, Anna!

Now that you're with us I can guarantee you're gonna see action sooner rather than later; Trouble seems to be attracted to us. I suggest throwing yourself into your training. Then do more training! Do all the training! Rip the Hell out of that training! You're gonna need it.

Oh, I just realized something: We're going to need mirrors. At least one hand-held one for every member of our party. They'll be invaluable for checking for illusions and spirit type shit.

Dooriya, I suggested trying the hammer on the cultist more to find out if it actually was blessed. Though in hindsight I could have asked to have a priest or paladin check it. Perhaps I let my dislike of the cultist get the better of me.

And speaking of the cultist: Why is she not blindfolded? The Blood God can see and hear through her, yanno. It can even hear us through her. That's not something we want, at all.
>>
No. 561280 ID: 549d6c
File 139178539188.png - (30.54KB , 900x450 , 61.png )
561280

>Dooriya, I suggested trying the hammer on the cultist more to find out if it actually was blessed.
:DooriyaUNB: (I know it is blessed, I can feel it from here.)
>If the hammer burns the corrupted, then it can be used to check if the Archbishop is corrupted.
:DooriyaUNB: (Didn’t he personally bless that hammer? I mean, I don’t think something he himself has blessed will hurt him…)
>Hey, does anyone know of any weapons that are especially effective against magical creatures? That's the sort of thing we'd need.
:DooriyaUNB: (A blessed weapon?)
>speaking of the cultist: Why is she not blindfolded?
:DooriyaUNB: (Err… she is? Earplugs and everything? You probably missed it, what with us moving, the snow and the darkness… clearly, that’s the only explanation… clearly…)

>Sup, Anna. Welcome to the fold.
Oh sweet, demon voice to fight… hnngg… eat willpower, she-bitch! …wait, are you a she or a he? You kind of sound like both… like several, in fact… you’re all “I am legion! We are one, I am many!”.
>How you doing?
…are you coming on to me? Because I don’t think it will work… unless you can take a corporal form? Hmm… should I get a private room?
>Instead of a daemonic voice in your head trying to take you over would you settle for a collective of overly talkative, sometimes unobservant spirits that want to save the world and who'll give you occasionally strange or stupid advice?
Like… a conscience? The whole angle and devil sitting on my shoulders? Because I need a pair of new ones because I think the ones I have is broken. One of them keeps telling me to burn stuff while the devil just keep telling me to listen to the angel.

:DrinaUNB: Alright, people, good job today. We’ll assemble here tomorrow at six in the morning so get some dinner and sleep before that. You are dismissed!
:AlexUNB: Six in the morning!? Are they trying to kill us!?
:JalUNB: Ha! Lucky me, being a non-combatant means I have my own schedule. Have fun with the combat training, Alex!
:AlexUNB: Alexandra!

>We're going to need mirrors. At least one hand-held one for every member of our party. They'll be invaluable for checking for illusions and spirit type shit.
Maybe you should ask Alex about that. She keeps checking herself with one of those hand mirrors.
>I suggest throwing yourself into your training. Then do more training! Do all the training! Rip the Hell out of that training! You're gonna need it.
I’m trying! But every time something gets in the way!
>Maybe you can spar with Brad.
Mmmm… yes… I would spar with that hunk all day if I should… hmm… or maybe I should spar with Vlad… he’s kind of cute too… and Jal… He looks so classy with that monocle… Maybe I should spar with him… but only if he keep the monocle on… wait, what where we talking about aga- Oh! A coin!

Insert She’s like a ferret… in more ways than one…_
>>
No. 561282 ID: 0d86f9

hunh. Okay then.

[Priest]
got enough hand-mirrors for everyone? Reflective surfaces display spirits, like us! You should see a few blue blobs with yellow eyes, that's what we look like it seems.

Night-time to do.
>Anna- I want you to try something. Pick up that coin, and examine it carefully. If there's any writing on it, read it. Look it over, does the sides have ridges or is it smooth? what's the head side look like compared to the tails side...
>>
No. 561285 ID: 4a75fa

>The whole angle and devil sitting on my shoulders? Because I need a pair of new ones because I think the ones I have is broken. One of them keeps telling me to burn stuff while the devil just keep telling me to listen to the angel.
Haha, sure. You should really only be burning stuff if say, you've got your enemies all trapped in a building, though. Otherwise, fire is a quick rush followed by a lot of boring when everything is gone.

>sparring
Well, if you're looking to learn melee combat, Brad is a better choice than the other two. If you're trying to pick up someone cute... well, that's your preference. Skin or scales or exoskeletons.

>She’s like a ferret
...she's got silky, luxurious hair?
>>
No. 561287 ID: 9ddf68

well tomorrow is drills so you should get something done then
>>
No. 561293 ID: d0e0a2

Does the Order have a bath the recruits could use, or does the inn have one? I figure Jal will want to wash the spider dung off, and Brad could do with cleaning the puke out of his beard; If not for his sake then the sake of the noses of everyone around him.

Anna, you could do some training on your own. It's not as good as with live opponents but it's better than nothing. Also, how long have your "devil and angel" been broken like that? And what trouble has that caused? Well, as long as you keep it to the undead and the cultists it'll be fine if you have a touch of pyromania.

Hey, Alexandra, could you take a peek at everyone here with your hand mirror? You should be able to see us. Could you describe what we look like? I'd like to know if we came back looking the same as before. Oh, and do you have any spare mirrors the others could borrow?

Dooriya, I think we ought to have a chat with the captain about the unusually harsh judgment that was laid down for that guy; Get his justification for it. If it's too late today then we'll do it tomorrow. Also, have you noticed the captain been acting oddly in other ways as well recently?

>>561285
...And is an obligate carnivore that smells bad? Actually, that sounds more like Brad.
>>
No. 561294 ID: dbe554

Jal does look kinda sexy with that monocle on..Hmm..
>>
No. 561296 ID: 549d6c
File 139179638375.png - (28.48KB , 900x450 , 62.png )
561296

>Dooriya, I think we ought to have a chat with the captain about the unusually harsh judgment that was laid down for that guy.
:AlexUNB: She already left with the captives. I’m guessing she’ll have a talk with the captain.
:BradfordUNB: I should have gone with her… I would want to put in a good word for the coward with the sick son.
:DrinaUNB: I’ll pass that along… now, I have duties to attend to, please excuse me.
>Alexandra, got enough hand-mirrors for everyone? Reflective surfaces display spirits, like us!
:AlexUNB: I only got two… and they are rather expensive. I can’t say I’ve ever seen you in the reflection but…
>Hey, Alexandra, could you take a peek at everyone here with your hand mirror? You should be able to see us.
:AlexUNB: Oh hey, there you are… weird blob things with yellow eyes? Huh… there are a lot of you, aren’t there?
:AnnaUNB: (Ah man… blobs? I was hoping for something a bit more… not blobby.)

>Well, if you're looking to learn melee combat, Brad is a better choice than the other two.
:AnnaUNB: (Of course, but…)
>If you're trying to pick up someone cute... well, that's your preference. Skin or scales or exoskeletons.
:AnnaUNB: (Hmm… Brad doesn’t really seem… interested. Maybe he’s gay? And Vlad got his eyes on Alex… I’ve seen how he stares at her… and Jal… I don’t really know much about him but he would be easy to bed with a bit of drink first. I should probably observe a bit more before I pounce on my prey.)
>Anna- I want you to try something. Pick up that coin, and examine it carefully. If there's any writing on it, read it. Look it over, does the sides have ridges or are it smooth? What the head side look is like compared to the tails side...
:AnnaUNB: (Err… it’s a coin? A Swallow to be precise. The sides have ridges, it’s stamped with the seal of the order on the “tail” side so it was minted here, the head is… err… someone I don’t know and it’s says “Lux Deus Mea”… I have no idea what that means…)
>How long have your "devil and angel" been broken like that?
:AnnaUNB: (It was a joke, people, geez…)
>...she's got silky, luxurious hair?
:AnnaUNB: (Of course I do.)
>...And is an obligate carnivore that smells bad?
:AnnaUNB: (Hey! I would take offence to that… if I didn’t smell rather bad right now…)

>Does the Order have a bath the recruits could use, or does the inn have one?
:AnnaUNB: Well, the order do have some of those communal rain making rooms…
:JalUNB: You mean showers? No thanks; I rather take a private bath in the inn, thank you very much.
:AnnaUNB: Well, as I haven’t rented a room in the inn… um… but I don’t really want to go alone… Alexandra?
:AlexUNB: Sorry, sister, but cleaning is private time for me.
:VladUNB: Oh, I’ve heard about those weird rain making machines! I have to try it! Err… it’s split between male and female rooms, right?
:AnnaUNB: Of course!
:BradfordUNB: …do you guys have a river or a lake nearby?
:VladUNB: …no? Why do you ask?
:BradfordUNB: Bah… fine, I’ll check out those rain making things.

[Please choose a character to follow (after bath time…): “The Savage”, “The Hunter”, “The Priest”, “The alchemist”, “The Valkyrie”, “Sister of Wisdom”, “Sister of Power”.]

Inse- Expecting an Insert? Too bad, Waluigi time! Waaa!!
>>
No. 561300 ID: 0d86f9

Hrrrrm...
Valkyrie or Sister of Wisdom. Valkyrie is personal choice, Wisdom is to see her flip out.
I'm leaning towards Valkyrie. Sister of Wisdom sounds like someone who'd just be like 'oh, hello' and would otherwise be boring.
>>
No. 561304 ID: 4a75fa

>Ah man… blobs?
Blob blob.

>Maybe he’s gay?
I suppose it's possible, but I think it's more he's a little too busy with his own head-splitting and vengeance stuff to care about other stuff.

>I have no idea what that means
>Lux Deus Mea
Latin. A dead language, long before we came around. "Light my god" or maybe "God is my light". Not 100% sure if it's meant as a statement or invocation or request. (Getting the syntax right is always harder there's no verb).

>pick one
I don't think we're done with the Valkyrie, yet.
>>
No. 561306 ID: dbe554

The alchemist, we havn't really spent too much time with him.
>>
No. 561307 ID: a87e3a

>>561296
My word we have a LOT of pawns on this side of the world. Let's introduce ourselves to the Sister of Wisdom.
>>
No. 561311 ID: d0e0a2

Why would Brad want a river or lake to bathe in when it's freezing out? That sounds to me like a quick way to die of hypothermia.

>>561300
>>561307
Guys, I think you got the sisters backwards. The "Sister of Wisdom" is Dooriya, and Drina is the "Sister of Power." Go back to >>561151 and check the status line yourselves to confirm.

I'm going to pick Jal, AKA "The Alchemist." We didn't get a chance to properly introduce ourselves earlier and I'd like to do that. And then we can work on getting him together with one (or both) of the Sisters.
>>
No. 561325 ID: a87e3a

>>561311
Oh dammit you're right. Sister of Power, then.
>>
No. 561327 ID: 549d6c
File 139180907893.png - (13.34KB , 900x450 , 63.png )
561327

>I don't think we're done with the Valkyrie, yet.
:VladUNB: Err… Ann-sofie? Aren’t you supposed to be in the girl sauna?
:AnnaUNB: But it was empty and it’s boring being alone… I hate being alone… Besides, we got towels on us so we can’t see any naughty bits anyway.
:VladUNB: B-but-
:BradfordUNB: Let her stay if she want to. Just relax and enjoy the heat for a moment…
>Why would Brad want a river or lake to bathe in when it's freezing out?
I’ve heard about people who just punch a hole in the ice to take a dip then hurry back to a sauna or the like … not to clean themselves, sure, but still…
>He’s gay? I suppose it's possible, but I think it's more he's a little too busy with his own head-splitting and vengeance stuff to care about other stuff.
Hmmm… sure, that’s possible… but he’s really big and manly and hairy and stuff… isn’t those kinds of guys usually… you know…
>"Light my god" or maybe "God is my light". Not 100% sure if it's meant as a statement or invocation or request.
Well, we do pray to “The light”…

:AnnaUNB: So… I already know about your past, Vlad, you being a hunter and all that… but what is your story, Brad? Anything exiting?
:BradfordUNB: I came close to a demon, lost my memories, punched a few undead in the face, came here, will kill whatever demon is on this mountain, the end.
:AnnaUNB: There has to be more than that. Can’t you remember anything?
:BradfordUNB: …I…I’ve started to remember bit and pieces… but I rather not remember anything more. My past isn’t… nice…
:AnnaUNB: And the “Windwalker” stick? Is it true?
:BradfordUNB: I know I am a windwalker… I just don’t know what it means.
:AnnaUNB: Oh, I know! I’ve heard there’s this professor in the city who knows a ton about the old legends of the northlands. He’s bound to know something about Windwalkers!
:BradfordUNB: Hmm… hey, you don’t happen to know anything about the… um… serth desert?
:AnnaUNB: Err… no… and I think it’s Sareth… or Sarth…. Or something. But there’s probably a trader or two from there here in the city… there’s a lot of coin flowing in these lands these days…
:VladUNB: Hey, Brad, have you heard about the rumor that you killed like fifty undead Vildmän and four dogs with you bare hands?
:BradfordUNB: It’s just exaggerations, ignore it.
:VladUNB: No, I mean… I was there, why isn’t I even mentioned?
:BradfordUNB: …grow a badass beard and maybe people will remember you?
:VladUNB: …but I’m a lizard…

Insert Beards for everyone!_
>>
No. 561329 ID: a87e3a

>>561327
Then he should get some other easily recognizable feature. Like a cloak made out of the hide of some dangerous beast with a hood that looks like the beast's head.
>>
No. 561333 ID: eb10ea

>>561327
That's a terrible excuse, Vlad.

(Could you tell us the memories? We're trying to piece together what happened too. You look somewhat like Temrock, or possibly Grey's pawn. I don't think we got his name. )
>>
No. 561334 ID: 9ddf68

give it time Vlad, if you keep at it people are bound to notice you I mean Anna has and I think Alex has an eye or two on you as well from what we hear.

So Anna you heard there stories, what's yours?
>>
No. 561339 ID: d2995c

As an archer it is kind of a good thing you are not noticed. Archery works best when your enemy only notices the fighter until people start falling over with arrows in them.
>>
No. 561345 ID: 549d6c
File 139181325703.png - (13.37KB , 900x450 , 64.png )
561345

>That's a terrible excuse, Vlad.
:VladUNB: Well, I would like to see you grow a beard, blob thing.
:BradfordUNB: Don’t taunt the tiny gods.
:AnnaUNB: Tiny demons, you mean.
>Then he should get some other easily recognizable feature. Like a cloak made out of the hide of some dangerous beast with a hood that looks like the beast's head.
:VladUNB: Hmm… that sound interesting… but there isn’t anything super dangerous that would make a good cloak out here…
>As an archer it is kind of a good thing you are not noticed.
:VladUNB: Maybe…
>Give it time Vlad, if you keep at it people are bound to notice you I mean Anna has and I think Alex has an eye or two on you as well from what we hear.
:VladUNB: Yea, you’re right… wait, what did you mean by that?
>Could you tell us the memories? We're trying to piece together what happened too.
:BradfordUNB: It’s… let’s just say the memories just show… some painful things… nothing really important, just painful.

>So Anna you heard their stories, what's yours?
:AnnaUNB: Mine? Oh, it’s boring. Let’s talk about something else.
:VladUNB: Hey, you’ve know about us, let us know about you too!
:BradfordUNB: Don’t try to change the subject.
:AnnaUNB: No, really, it boring. Err… Hey, Brad, I rather not sleep in the barrack tonight and I heard you had a bed in the inn, mind sharing it? We can do a quick romp if you want?
:VladUNB: Wha- you can’t just as-
:AnnaUNB: I’m guessing by you trying to kill me with your stare that’s a no… how about you Vlad, fancy some fun in the sack?
:VladUNB: No! Of course not! You can’t ju- WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, WOMAN!?
:BradfordUNB: Just tell us the story, Anna, and stop trying to change the subject.
:VladUNB: Who tries to change the subject by offering sex!?
:AnnaUNB: Fine… My dad always wanted a son to take up our family legacy of warriors but he got three daughters instead. I, being the youngest, tried to do my best to make him proud then… then mom went nuts and made dad take an axe to the head. I tried to protect my sister but I was too weak and… and here I am… and now I’m all sad again… t-thanks a bunch guys.
:VladUNB: Well… shit…
:BradfordUNB: That sounded rather abridged…

Insert I am angry! You know that because I said so! Rawr!_
>>
No. 561349 ID: 0d86f9

Geeeh, So. Many. Questions.
But dang.
Triple family slaughterfest happened by the sounds of it-I'm guessing Brad either remembers just being in horrible pain or something simmilarly grim to Anna's story...Kinda wondering how she got out of that scrap, what EXACTLY happened to her mother and...I think that's it.
It's kinda sad that Vlad's starting to sound like he got off lightly, almost. Then again, having to put an arrow through your undead little sister's eye is definitely up there for traumatic.
>>
No. 561356 ID: dbe554

...Is it me or is everyone's past likely going to end up crap? Brad remembers Pain, Vlad just went through the most tramatic experience of his life, and her life sucked from the start.

Taking bets that the others having something awful, I mean we got a drinker and a priestess, gotta be something behind there too.
>>
No. 561360 ID: a87e3a

Well that's depressing.

Hey, we're not gods or demons, okay? We're the Voices of the Many, the congealed souls of those who did not reach the afterlife. I think that's accurate, anyway, going off the information we have. On the other hand considering how easily we displace in time, it could be that this is where we were created, and we were displaced backwards for our adventures "before" this one. So I dunno. We're definitely not gods or demons though.

Oh, speaking of gods, do you folks know of any mythical people that match these descriptions? The tribals down south worship them as gods and I'm wondering if there are any similar myths up here.
1, a lustful, half-crazy female Lizard wizard clad in purple robes, master of time magic, illusions, and golems.
2, a strong, passionate female Mantis lich with a golden antenna bangle, also clad in purple. She can raise and control the undead alongside her life-draining powers, but she has retained her humanity. She also has power over dreams.
3, an energetic, light-hearted hermaphrodite Human with parts of her body replaced with metal. She has superhuman speed, strength, and reflexes alongside knowledge far surpassing the technology level present on this world.
4, a time-weary, patient male red Lizard with a death wish and reality-bending powers. Basically a true god, and cannot permanently die.
Their names are Lizbeth, Claire, Erin, and the Lizard goes by either Pride or Shadack Wyrmeye.
>>
No. 561365 ID: d0e0a2

So your mom just went homicidally insane out of nowhere, Anna? No hint it was coming? I'd say that sounds a lot like a wraith or something like that got into her head. If she was stronger than she should have been than I'd say that something definitely got to her.

What happened to her after you couldn't stop her? Did you just flee and not look back? ...Is she still out there?

You did you misspeak when you said "I tried to protect my sister," right? I'm guessing that was not supposed to be singular.

Vlad, you haven't told Anna what happened to your family yet, have you? How about doing that now? Then you both can have a good cry on each other's shoulders over your families' tragic ends.
>>
No. 561366 ID: 9ddf68

huh, well that's one thing everyone seems to have in common here, a rough past. Huh maybe that's why we're connecting to them all so fast, we seem to have a theme going here. Ah well the past is past no matter how much it hurts, we can try to make the ending a happy one though.
>>
No. 561433 ID: 3f0c1b

>Well, I would like to see you grow a beard, blob thing.
Very well, but when we succeed you have no excuse!
[grow beard]
>>
No. 561442 ID: 549d6c
File 139186428483.png - (25.75KB , 900x450 , 65.png )
561442

>Very well, but when we succeed you have no excuse! [grow beard]
[Unable to grow a beard! You aren’t manly enough to grow a beard… nor do you have a chin.]
:VladUNB: Ha!
>Hey, we're not gods or demons, okay? We're the Voices of the Many!
:AnnaUNB: Whatever you say, little demons.
:BradfordUNB: Little gods.
:VladUNB: I’m just going to call you voices.
>Oh, speaking of gods, do you folks know of any mythical people that match these descriptions?
:AnnaUNB: Can’t say I do…
:VladUNB: Never heard of them.

>So your mom just went homicidally insane out of nowhere, Anna?
:AnnaUNB: Of course not, she… I… I rather not talk about it, alright?
>You did you misspeak when you said "I tried to protect my sister," right?
:AnnaUNB: Yes, I meant sisters… now stop bringing this up.
>What happened to her after you couldn't stop her?
:AnnaUNB: I… I did stop her… just too late and… one more word about this and I’ll slap you, where ever you are.
>Vlad, you haven't told Anna what happened to your family yet, have you?
:AnnaUNB: Oh, I know the gist of it… just not the details.
:VladUNB: And she doesn’t need to know anything more than that.
>Then you both can have a good cry on each other's shoulders over your families' tragic ends.
:VladUNB: I’ve already cried enough today… and I rather not cry on anyone’s shoulder right now.
:AnnaUNB: Well, you can snuggle into my bosom instead if you want too…
:VladUNB: …seriously, you were just recollecting your horrible past and now this!?
:AnnaUNB: Hey! Everyone has their own way of coping, alright?
:BradfordUNB: Let’s just get back to the inn for dinner.



:AlexUNB: What do you mean, it isn’t ready? I was told that it would have been delivered to my room by now!
:PaladinUNB: Sorry, Ma’am, but there’s been some… um… unforeseen problems in the toll office. Your luggage is fine but we’ll need a bit more time before we can make sure it’s allowed into the city.
:AlexUNB: B-but… I need it now!
:JalUNB: You know, making sure your luggage is here is probably something you’re supposed to do before you take a bath.
:AlexUNB: Oh, shut it Jal. Fine… I’ll be staying in my room then until my luggage arrives… I got a good book I’ve been meaning to finish… Jal, be a dear and deliver some food to my room later.
:JalUNB: Of course, Alexandra.
:AlexUNB: Thank you.

Insert Her luggage is probably down in the Serath desert by now_
>>
No. 561454 ID: 9ddf68

well glad to see they're all doing alright, anything of notice on the wanted board there or no, nothing is really standing out?
>>
No. 561458 ID: 4a75fa

>Unable to grow a beard!
That's it! Blobs- form of a beard! Blob beard formation!
>>
No. 561461 ID: d0e0a2

Aw, you're not going to join us for dinner, Alexandra? I don't think anybody here will mind you're not wearing clean clothes, so why not come along? The more the merrier! Um... Merry being relative, in this case.

Now, there's nothing we have to worry about the Order finding in your luggage, is there? No contraband or illegal items? Nothing that'd cause them to suspect you for anything? And why the heck did your cosmetics chest weigh so much?

Hey, Brad, skim over the wanted board for any notices with descriptions matching your appearance, just to make sure we won't have bounty hunters getting on our asses. ...Oh, wait, you can't read, can you? Okay. Uh... Vlad, Anna, could you look over the board instead? It'll go faster if you both do.

Anna, you still thinking of going after Jal? If so, then the guy gets tipsy after, like, three glasses of wine so I'd suggest hard cider and pie. That'll keep him buzzed without falling over drunk.
>>
No. 561464 ID: 549d6c
File 139188534881.png - (25.54KB , 900x450 , 66.png )
561464

>That's it! Blobs- form of a beard! Blob beard formation!
[Congratulation, you have successfully taken a form that might look like a beard like shape if you squint real hard.]
>Anna, you still thinking of going after Jal?
(Well, it would be nice to have someone to warm the bed for me… just for tonight… I’ll see if I can pounce on him when he’s just the right amount of tipsy.)

>Aw, you're not going to join us for dinner, Alexandra? I don't think anybody here will mind you're not wearing clean clothes, so why not come along?
:AlexUNB: Ack! You guys!? Err… the clothes are fine but… I really need to leave.
:AnnaUNB: The face covering mask doesn’t really suit you, Alexandra.
:AlexUNB: Need to leave, right now. Have a nice evening everyone.
:JalUNB: It’s the makeup, she has a bit of a… pet peeve about people seeing her without it on.
>Now, there's nothing we have to worry about the Order finding in your luggage, is there? No contraband or illegal items?
:JalUNB: Of course not. If anything, I should be more worried. Who knows, one of my ingredients might be illegal here… it isn’t the first time it happened.
>Why the heck did your cosmetics chest weigh so much?
:JalUNB: It contained a lot of other stuff too, like clothes and stuff… the cosmetic was just the things worth the most. Besides, that thing isn’t meant to be carried around much. Err… also, why am I hearing drunk voices right now? I’m pretty sure I’m sober enough not to hear drunk voices.
:VladUNB: They aren’t drunk voices… they… um… they are… err…
:AnnaUNB: Little Demons!
:BradfordUNB: Tiny Gods!
:JalUNB: …right, happy to make your acquaintance, voices of gods and/or demons.

>Hey, Brad, skim over the wanted board ...Oh, wait, you can't read, can you?
:JalUNB: You can’t!?
:BradfordUNB: I don’t have any memory of ever being able to.
:JalUNB: Huh… and here I thought school was mandatory in this part of the world.
:VladUNB: It is. I know how to read, after all.
:AnnaUNB: Don’t worry, Brad, I can teach you! If you teach me how to fight, that is!
>Vlad, Anna, could you look over the board instead?
:AnnaUNB: Let’s see… the order have several. They are looking for recruits, undead hearts, dog-tags of fallen order members… and the head of one of their captains who’s been turned undead. Fair haired male human with a small beard.
:VladUNB: A lot of them is about missing people… and even pets… Oh, here’s one about bandits!
:JalUNB: There are a lot of people looking for regents here too. Both Alchemistical, medical and for other uses.
:AnnaUNB: Wow, some of these are really old. Look, here’s a wanted poster for Olaf the stout for theft of food worth ten thousand crows. I’m pretty sure that guy was beheaded almost fifteen winters ago.
:VladUNB: Look at this… “Wanted dead; Ragnar, the scourge of god!” I read about this guy in school! He was leading a barbarian horde almost two hundred years ago before the last Windwalker killed him… err… almost last Windwalker that is…
:BradfordUNB: -and make sure it gets to the captain unopened.
:PaladinUNB: Of course, sir!

Insert Making history_
>>
No. 561468 ID: 9ddf68

hey we knew a guy named Olaf, he was a dwarf, had one hell of a shield, never killed anyone, and could out eat an entire army in under an hour(sigh) good times.

wounder if these guys ever heard of Hans

so what you doing over there Brad?
>>
No. 561476 ID: a87e3a

>>561464
Huh, so... Alexandra is a ghoul? Or a male-to-female transsexual? Or not even a lizard? (it's probably the second one, considering she makes a point of being called Alexandra. I bet her and Thaark would be good friends.)

Bandit hunting seems like a good diversion if we won't be having any orders for a while. That tends to be less dangerous than undead hunting, and we might run into some undead anyway.
>>
No. 561477 ID: d0e0a2

Glad to make your acquaintance, Jal. I have to say you saved our bacon out there. If Brad had kicked the bucket we would have gone with him. Granted we'd likely come back, but we have no control over where or when that'd be and it'd seriously set us back in our plans to save the world. So thank you, Jal.

We've run into that undead captain before, right when we first came to Brad; He was leading the undead searching for Brad. Shame the guy wasn't in Brad's path when he smashed out of there.

You short of any reagents or supplies, Jal? I'd imagine you've got all the basics covered but maybe you could put a request on the board for something special.

So the Windwalkers were supposed to have died out about two centuries ago? Then where the heck did Brad come from? Hm... I think we need to visit that history professor Anna mentioned after dinner and have a chat.

Hey, Brad, what're you sending over to the captain? And why does it need to be unopened?
>>
No. 561481 ID: 549d6c
File 139189268888.png - (23.98KB , 900x450 , 67.png )
561481

>So what you doing over there Brad?
:BradfordUNB: Spending money. You don’t need to know more than that.
:AnnaUNB: …are you bribing the captain?
:BradfordUNB: The captain? No, I’m not bribing the captain.
>We've run into that undead captain before, right when we first came to Brad; He was leading the undead searching for Brad.
:BradfordUNB: Indeed, he was fair haired… we should keep a look out for him, he might know some interesting things…
>Bandit hunting seems like a good diversion if we won't be having any orders for a while.
:AnnaUNB: We’re going to have training most days from now on. They want their people well trained and not just become food for the dead, after all.

>Glad to make your acquaintance, Jal. I have to say you saved our bacon out there.
:JalUNB: Err… no problem, whatever you are.
>Set us back in our plans to save the world.
:JalUNB: …what?
:BradfordUNB: Apparently, whatever these cultist is worshiping what’s to destroy the world.
:JalUNB: Huh… and I thought they just were a bunch of nut jobs that invented a new kind of undead.
>so... Alexandra is a ghoul?
:JalUNB: What… of course she isn’t!
>Or a male-to-female transsexual?
:JalUNB: Now you’re just grasping for straws here…
>Or not even a lizard?
:JalUNB: How would that… I… but… are you guys nuts or what?
>You short of any reagents or supplies, Jal?
:JalUNB: The order is supplying me with all I need at the moment. Thanks for asking, my good sir.
>So the Windwalkers were supposed to have died out about two centuries ago?
:VladUNB: …well, stranger things have happen… we are being guided by weird voices, after all…
>Hm... I think we need to visit that history professor Anna mentioned after dinner and have a chat.
:AnnaUNB: That sounds like a plan! Now, time for grub!
:JalUNB: Err… wait, I think I know who you mean. Sorry to burst your bubble but… I’m pretty sure he died two winters ago.
:AnnaUNB: …I…well, that’s a bummer.

Insert Clearly, he’s bribing the gods to look the other way_
>>
No. 561499 ID: a87e3a

Jeez, our King is keeping secrets from us. Not cool. Oh well it's not like we've been working together very long. Trust comes in time.

...maybe Alexandra is just a girl born with facial markings. A genetic anomaly.

Anyway, let's uh... Anna and Brad should probably get to sparring. Vlad could put in some target practice or get some basic instruction in close quarters combat so he doesn't freeze up if that happens. Jal I don't know what to do with you. Could you go over what sort of alchemical stuff you can handle?

Aside from that we could go check on the Sisters.
>>
No. 561512 ID: d0e0a2

Brad, I don't like it when those we're with keep secrets from us, but as long as whatever you're spending money on has a low chance to come back to bite us in the ass I won't pry. Just keep in mind that the quality of our suggestions is proportional to what we know, okay.

It is a bummer that professor is dead. He might have been able to shed light on where and how Brad is here. Did he happen to publish a book on the subject of Windwalkers before his demise? If he did then perhaps the town's or the Order's library would have a copy of it.

Vlad, you're right about stranger things happening; We've seen plenty of them in our time. I wouldn't be surprised if the daemon that Brad was exposed to also displaced him in time, and that Brad's actually from more than 200 years ago.

>>561499
Dude, they're on down time. There's gonna be more than enough sparring and suchlike tomorrow. They deserve their rest right now, especially after all that's happened today.
>>
No. 561522 ID: d2995c

We still need to try and get news from Serath at some point.
>>
No. 561539 ID: d0e0a2

>>561522
Yeah, we should do that while we're still at the inn. Maybe there'll be traders or travelers from the Serath Kingdom in the dining hall who'd be willing to share news from there.
>>
No. 561571 ID: 549d6c
File 139193253310.png - (20.47KB , 900x450 , 68.png )
561571

>We still need to try and get news from Serath at some point.
:AnnaUNB: Our best bet is probably checking the market tomorrow. I know I saw a turban there today.
>Jeez, our King is keeping secrets from us. Not cool.
:JalUNB: Brad is a king!?
:BradfordUNB: I think he means like the chess piece, not literally a king.
:JalUNB: Oh… wait, you know chess?
:BradfordUNB: I… I remember parts of it, yes.
>...maybe Alexandra is just a girl born with facial markings.
:VladUNB: Of course she is a girl! Have you seen how she moves? The shape of her body and face? Her voice? Those deep blue eyes…
>It is a bummer that professor is dead. Did he happen to publish a book on the subject of Windwalkers before his demise? If he did then perhaps the town's or the Order's library would have a copy of it.
:JalUNB: As far as I know he never published anything more than a few papers to the academy in Tengrad. Maybe we can check with his decedents if they still have his notes?
>Training.
:AnnaUNB: Hey! It’s R and R time. We’ll train tomorrow.
:BradfordUNB: Indeed, time for some rest.

>Aside from that we could go check on the Sisters.
:DooriyaUNB: It was a test?
:AndrzejUNB: Indeed. I know it was a bit… unorthodox, but the order came from the light itself.
:DrinaUNB: What kind of test was that!?
:AndrzejUNB: A test to see if Dooriya here can think for herself, of course. The light has taken quite an interest in you, young lady… you and your sister. In fact, you’re both looking at an promotion.
:DooriyaUNB: I’m going to be a Captain?
:AndrzejUNB: In time, yes, after all, we need to replace our recent loss.
:DrinaUNB: Wait, the light itself is interested in us!?
:AndrzejUNB: Yes, indeed. In fact, go to the chapel and pray real hard, and you just might hear it yourself.
:DooriyaUNB: …really?
:AndrzejUNB: Hey, the order came from the Arch Bishop himself. Let’s not question the whole light thing to much. The light works against the undead, doesn’t it?
:DrinaUNB: …what would it want with us?
:AndrzejUNB: What would anyone want with two tall legged sisters?
:DrinaUNB: What was that!?
:AndrzejUNB: Nothing.

[You now have control over “Sister of Wisdom/Power”!]

Insert With some courage they’ll make a perfect Triforce.
>>
No. 561573 ID: 9ddf68

what indeed what indeed?

so how go you two? Anything either of you need help with, any questions you want us to answer, anything you just want to get off your chest, we're here so feel free to talk to us as much or little as you want.

Also I think the caption has a thing for the two of you so feel free to tease him if you wish.
>>
No. 561574 ID: a87e3a

>>561571
Time to find out what this "Light" is, I think. Shall we go to the chapel?

It's probably just Grey, masquerading as a voice behind the powers that paladins get, after finding out how paladin magic works and introducing it to the North. As far as we know, Holy magic isn't fueled by any particular being. But hey, it's not like we've asked previous paladins exactly how their magic works...
>>
No. 561582 ID: c34021

Hello Wisdom. We, are the reason for the strange things your sister has been saying, sort of.
Am I right in presuming you're the one with a blue star on her antenna, while she's the one with the red star?
>>
No. 561588 ID: 549d6c
File 139195612059.png - (21.18KB , 900x450 , 69.png )
561588

>Hello Wisdom. We, are the reason for the strange things your sister has been saying, sort of.
:DrinaUNB: WHO SAID THAT!? Show yourself, coward!
:AndrzejUNB: Who said what?
:DooriyaUNB: Sheath your weapon, sister, I’ll explain everything in due time.
:AndrzejUNB: …Explain what? What are talking about?
:DooriyaUNB: A private matter, captain.
>Am I right in presuming you're the one with a blue star on her antenna, while she's the one with the red star?
:DooriyaUNB: (I got the red star while my sister, Drina, the one you haven’t talked to before got the blue.)
>So how do you two do? Anything either of you need help with, any questions you want us to answer, anything you just want to get off your chest, we're here so feel free to talk to us as much or little as you want.
:DrinaUNB: Who in Hel’s na-
:DooriyaUNB: Just think, sis.
:AndrzejUNB: …okay, you two definitely need some rest. You’re dismissed.
:DrinaUNB: (What in Hel’s name are you!?)
>Also I think the caption has a thing for the two of you so feel free to tease him if you wish.
:DooriyaUNB: (We do not have the time to pursue any romantic relationship right now. More important matters is at hand.)
:DrinaUNB: (He is? But he’s our superior officer! That’s against the regulations!)

>Time to find out what this "Light" is, I think. Shall we go to the chapel?
:DrinaUNB: The light is the light. It’s like… a concept that give us strength.
:DooriyaUNB: It has to be more than that.
:DrinaUNB: It’s like the gods, right? We just have to believe it’s there… of course, there’s more proof that it exist then the gods gives us… I mean, Neither Siegfried, The Thane, Freya, Gilgamesh or Shiva has never given us any true sign of their existence…
:DooriyaUNB: Questioning the gods isn’t really one of the wises courses of action when you depend on their teachings.
:DrinaUNB: I’m just saying, that’s all.
>It's probably just Grey…
:DooriyaUNB: Who is grey?
:DrinaUNB: Listen, I hear the Arch Bishop!
:ArchBishopUNB: -I’ll make sure it’s taken care of.
:UnknownKAK: I hope you do. We need every… you got visitors… I better take my leave.
:ArchBishopUNB: Hmm? Oh, Dooriya… and your sister… err…
:DrinaUNB: Drina, Sir.
:ArchBishopUNB: Ah, yes, of course… Now, If you’ll excuse me, I need to talk to captain Andrzej.
:DrinaUNB: Wait… who were you talking to? And where did he go? There’s only one way in here and we came from there.
:ArchBishopUNB: It’s nothing you need to worry your pretty little head about.

Insert Eat his head, it’s the only way to be sure_
>>
No. 561609 ID: 9ddf68

eh, if he's working for gray it probably was grey's shadow thief, basically someone really good at getting into, out of, and pull off things that should just generally be impossible.

Anyways don't mention us as I'm sure this guy knows we're here seeing as he talked to us this morning and if he want to speak to us he'll let us know. Lets just see what he wants from the two of you first.
>>
No. 561628 ID: d0e0a2

>"It’s nothing you need to worry your pretty little head about."
...It's a good thing I don't have a physical form, 'cause right now I have an overwhelming urge to reach out and knock that stupid hat off his condescending head.

As for us, we're small gods/little daemons/ancient spirits/voices of departed souls/whatever you want. Even we don't know what we are anymore, so pick whichever you want. We just know we want to help save the world and those that we're with.

Gray is like us, albeit a singular voice instead of many. When we met her in the Serath Kingdom she was corrupted, taking control of her king against his will and generally being a irrational greedy hostile psycho. We could stand for this, so we killed her... And then she came back a few days later, purge of the corruption, weak and with no memories of her past life after the corruption took hold. We spared her and the last we knew of her her king was presumably heading to the Northlands. That was about nine or ten months ago.

We suspect that the Archbishop is either with Gray or allied with Gray. Earlier, when Brad mentioned Gray to the Archbishop he jumped a bit. And just now, with whoever the Archbishop was talking to vanishing into thin air, might be more evidence of Gray being here. See, the power she can give her pawns is... I call it "shadowwalking," but it's the ability to hide in and move through the shadows. They can go invisible, move super fast, slip into locked rooms, and steal or pickpocket anything. It's a very cloak and dagger and thief-y power.

This doesn't mean the Archbishop or Gray are bad or anything like that. We just haven't found out enough yet to make a judgment. They could very well have good reasons to not trust us. When we came to Brad, we had no memories of the last nine or so months. It's entirely possible we got corrupted and what happened to Gray happened to us.

Anyway, infodump over. I suggest praying like the Archbishop wanted you two to. Perhaps we'll find out a bit more about the Light from it.
>>
No. 561636 ID: a87e3a

We definitely didn't get corrupted. We jumped forwards in time, as evidenced by our being still connected to our past selves. Sisters, before you ask, we don't know why or how we can do this, we just can. Of course, this means we have two Kings now. Or maybe we can just change who our King is? Yeah, that's probably it.

Don't tell the ArchBishop about us yet, or even hint about it. Tell him you're here to speak to the Light.
>>
No. 561641 ID: 549d6c
File 139197886123.png - (29.97KB , 900x450 , 70.png )
561641

>we're small gods/little daemons/ancient spirits/voices of departed souls/whatever you want. we want to help save the world and those that we're with.
:DrinaUNB: (You’ll have to excuse me for not trusting you. Having an alien entity inside your head is a bit… let’s just say that you’ll have to forgive me for withholding my enthusiasm.)
>We suspect that the Archbishop is either with Gray or allied with Gray.
:DooriyaUNB: (So… gray is like you… then the Archbishop is like us? Having voices that guide him?)
>Anyways don't mention us.
:DrinaUNB: (Yea, let’s not look like we’re completely nuts! What a great idea!)

>Let’s just see what he wants from the two of you first.
:ArchBishopUNB: Oh? Why nothing. I was here to pray and so are you, I gather?
>I suggest praying like the Captain wanted you two to.
:DrinaUNB: :DooriyaUNB:
:ArchBishopUNB: Just remember children, the light will listen, but his answer might not always be as clear as d-
:LightUNB: Dooriya… Drina… there’s no reason to kneel… please, stand.
:DooriyaUNB: Holy shi- I didn’t think- oh, I- but- I’m not worthy?
:DrinaUNB: WHAT DID YOU DO TO THE ARCHBISHOP!?
:LightUNB: Nothing… I simply didn’t freeze time for him as I did for you. He doesn’t need to hear this conservation.
:DrinaUNB: I… I didn’t think you were real!? At least… not like this!?
:DooriyaUNB: Oh great one, we who are not worthy to bathe in your radiance, how can we assist you in your exalted wisd-
:LightUNB: Dooriya, please… no need for formalities. I have to admit, while you two have caught my eye, I’m here to talk to the one you bear. Greetings, Voices of the many, I am the light, the breaker of dawn, the bane of darkness… and I’m honored of being in the presence of the savior of the Serath lands.
:DrinaUNB: …I… what…
:LightUNB: But I’m getting ahead of myself… you have, after all, not saved it yet… at least, not from your point of view, have you? No matter, you will have when it matters. Now, to the matter in hand… I’m supposed to ask you for a favor… and then I’ll have to ask the future you to join us alliance of players to help us with the daemon wars across the great sea… 12 players has already accepted, including yo- err… my apologies, I got a bit sidetracked there… but I need to ask you, can you find the human known as Ragnar, the scourge of god, and kill him? It is vital that you succeed before his corruption spread further. Can you do this for me?
:DrinaUNB: …wait, the light itself is asking us a favor!? Who the hell is this Ragnar if the light wants him dead this badly!

Insert By the holy smell of the lights bathroom! …on a pogo stick!_
>>
No. 561645 ID: a87e3a

>>561641
Oh thank god, you actually know what's going on. How are our old four friends doing? We heard they were killed, but that's not right at all, is it? How long have you been around, anyway? There's been paladins since ancient, ancient times.

I don't suppose you know who the man in the mask is, do you? Not the ArchBishop, I mean some dude that's been shadowing us in the South. Speaking of unknown persons, do you know anything about Bradford's past? Or what that package was he sent to the Captain? It might be improper of me to suspect our current King of foul play, but we don't know him very well and it would be basically the worst possible scenario if he were a sleeper agent of some sort.

As for Ragnar, wasn't he killed 200 years ago by the last known Windwalker? Is he undead now? We'll smite his ass if so.
>>
No. 561646 ID: 9ddf68

Is that the guy who is making the light appear at the top of the mountain? cause we were planing on going up there and stopping the undead hoards anyways.

But yeah can you answer some questions we have, Like what the fuck happened to us in the past? I mean we the civil war going on between the tribals and the Royal family was starting to heat up, the tribals where ambushed by some undead in a pass the Royal family placed there to try and stop them and then BAM we're here in the frozen north being chased by undead and told that the Serath desert has ceased to exist in all but name and memory. The fuck happened?
>>
No. 561647 ID: c34021

Well then sisters.
We have to kill an undead Barbearian leader.
Doesn't really sound all that hard to me though-I'd think he'd take an axe to the face as well as you would. Even if he's one of those super regenerating Undead, chop him up, prepare funeral pyre, and send him to the afterlife.
...This is the part where you explain WHY Ragnar is called 'the scourge of God' and what makes him so hard to kill.
>>
No. 561673 ID: d0e0a2

...Wow! I did not expect this at all! And I have to say hearing this is one heck of a relief! I was worried something terrible had happened to us, Jericho died and we come back missing a chunk of our memories like Gray did. Turns out it's just ordinary time warp shenanigans! That's a load off my mind!

We'd be glad to take up your mission, but aren't we a bit too late for it? Vlad mentioned that Ragnar was killed nearly two centuries ago by the last of the Windwalkers. So unless Ragnar is still kicking around as an undead we'd need to travel back in time to put him down. Not impossible, but we'd need help to pull that off.

Do you know where Bradford, our current king, came from? He's a Windwalker, yet the last Windwalker died about 200 years ago, so how'd Bradford become a Windwalker?

But if Ragnar is still around, then brief us on what we're gonna be facing going up against him. Presumably he's at the center of this new undead scourge coming down from the Pillar of the Heavens. That means we'll need a way to either cut through or completely bypass the horde to take down Ragnar. And we'll need something powerful enough to take Ragnar out as well.

Also, do we have to worry about any temporal paradox problems? We have heard the new Serath sultan is coming here via airship right now. I'm assuming that it's going to be Elizah, so should we avoid meeting her or not?
>>
No. 561857 ID: 549d6c
File 139205176662.png - (29.26KB , 900x450 , 71.png )
561857

>Oh thank god, you actually know what's going on.
:lightUNB: No need to thank me, mortal… and Steve will do for now. God is so… tacky…
>How long have you been around, anyway? There's been paladins since ancient, ancient times.
:lightUNB: I’ve existed for as long as the this world have existed. The creators created me just as they created this world and the ancestors of the people living here.

>How are our old four friends doing? We heard they were killed, but that's not right at all, is it?
:LightUNB: Some of them are dead, others are alive… don’t worry, you’ll meet them again soon enough.
>Has the Serath desert ceased to exist in all but name and memory?
:LightUNB: That’s a bit of an exaggeration. The desert is almost gone, true, but the Serath Sultanate lives on under its now Sultan. In fact, I’ve heard that it’s apparently moving into a new golden age of technological and cultural wonders. If anything, they are our biggest allies on this continent.
>I don't suppose you know who the man in the mask is, do you? Not the ArchBishop, I mean some dude that's been shadowing us in the South.
:LightUNB: He’s a friend, an ally, someone who wishes to achieve the same goal as I. A… brother. Kin.

>Speaking of unknown persons, do you know anything about Bradford's past? Or what that package was he sent to the Captain?
:LightUNB: It isn’t yet the time for his past to be revealed, I’m sorry to say. As for the package… let’s call it penance for past sins.
>As for Ragnar, wasn't he killed 200 years ago by the last known Windwalker? Is he undead now?
:LightUNB: In a sense, yes. Just remember he wasn’t the only one who died that day all those years ago.
>Is that the guy who is making the light appear at the top of the mountain?
:LightUNB: No, but he does have a hand in all this.
>...This is the part where you explain WHY Ragnar is called 'the scourge of God' and what makes him so hard to kill.
:LightUNB: He… was a very angry man. He thought the gods themselves were unjust against him and he swore vengeance. His goal was to destroy every temple, burn every scripture and kill every believer as revenge for something he blamed the gods for.
>Brief us on what we're gonna be facing going up against him.
:LightUNB: You will cross path with him more than once… but don’t worry, when the times comes you’ll be ready.
>Do we have to worry about any temporal paradox problems?
:LightUNB: Why? Both the past and the future have already happened. The only thing that matters is the present. Now, any questions? My time in this time is almost at an end… they need me in the future really soon.
:DrinaUNB: …why do you guys always have to be so cryptic?
:DooriyaUNB: Wait… if you exist… you can’t see us all the time right?
:LightUNB: Of course not, my beloved Dooriya. I can only see you and hear you when you’re praying at one of my altars… I can also feel you and your needs when you pray to me somewhere else… and I can channel my strength to you just as I can channel my strength trough weapons blessed in my name. Now, anything more you want to be enlightened about? Meaning of life? What the question is? How many licks it takes to reach the center of a lollipop? Otherwise, you should hurry back to your friends. Some of them are about to make a few… life changing decisions.
:DrinaUNB: …you’re not really like I imagined you to be.
:LightUNB: Just because I’m all powerful doesn’t mean I can have a sense of humor, now can I?

Insert Smith will suffice _
>>
No. 561859 ID: dbe554

We all have a certain sense of humor, we would be pretty boring beings if we had no emotion.
>>
No. 561863 ID: 15c145

Life changing good or life changing bad... Also how do we fight deamons, cause I have a feeling that at some point in the future, past, or in the distant present that we're going to have to fight one so a little help on how to deal with them without dieing horribly or being corrupted would be very helpful.
>>
No. 561871 ID: a87e3a

>>561857
Do you know what we are? You called us mortals, but how can that be?
>>
No. 561885 ID: d0e0a2

>>561863
I doubt we'll be able to get anything that can jack shit to daemons anytime soon. Right now I'm more worried about getting some solid protection from their corruption for us and those with us. Just being near that cultist when her master was looking through her kicked our corruption level up to 15%. I'm guessing being in proximity to Ragnar would be even worse.

Will we need anything special to put Ragnar down and make sure he stays down for good, or will Bradford pounding Ragnar's head into his torso with a blessed warhammer do the trick?

Well, I'm out of questions, so I think we're done here. C'mon, lets get on over to the inn. We've gotta tell them we're on a mission from Steve! ...Just doesn't have the same kick as "god," does it?
>>
No. 561889 ID: 549d6c
File 139206259150.png - (28.19KB , 900x450 , 72.png )
561889

>Do you know what we are? You called us mortals, but how can that be?
:LightUNB: Will you not die when your time runs out? How can you be any but mortal? Everything has a weakness, be it time, steel, regret, pain or concepts.
>Life changing good or life changing bad?
:LightUNB: Depends on who you ask, really… and the outcome…
>How do we fight deamons?
:LightUNB: How do you fight that which cannot die? Which doesn’t have a concept for pain and suffering other than food? The only thing you can do is to destroy their mortal hosts and their worshipers, and pray that they don’t have enough energy to come over to this side.
>Right now I'm more worried about getting some solid protection from their corruption for us and those with us.
:LightUNB: Do not listen to their lies. Their siren song might be tempting, but you have to ignore it.
>Will we need anything special to put Ragnar down and make sure he stays down for good, or will Bradford pounding Ragnar's head into his torso with a blessed warhammer do the trick?
:LightUNB: I believe you will have the means to defeat him when the time comes.
:DooriyaUNB: Thank you, glorious light, for sharing your wisdom with us.
:LightUNB: I already told you, sweetie, you do not need to address me like that. But, before you go, let me grace you with a gift each. For my beloved Drina, a new blade to slay with in my name, and for my beautiful Dooriya, a book of knowledge that you seek.
:DrinaUNB: Sweet, I needed a new sword!
:DooriyaUNB: Err… thank you, oh mighty one?
:LightUNB: And for you, voices of the board, I bestow upon you this spear. Might it come to your aid when you need it the most.

>Well, I'm out of questions, so I think we're done here. C'mon, let’s get on over to the inn. We've gotta tell them we're on a mission from Steve!
:JalUNB: *Gasp* Why, young lady, that is not a conservation you have in polite company! Why, I never! You should feel ashamed! That is clearly something you discuss after nine behind closed doors. Good day, I say! Humph!
:VladUNB: …wow, you really digging into that Ankwark…
:BradfordUNB: *Om* It *nom* doeshg *nom* tashe *nom* likeh ash *nom*
:VladUNB: …Why would it taste like ass? Never mind… um… Brad… you probably aren’t the best person to ask this but… what do you do if you really like someone? I mean… err… the approach and stuff.
:BradfordUNB: *Omnomnom* …give her flowers?
:JalUNB: Nonono! To cliché! You have to be frisky! Unique! Rememberable! Find out what she like and give her that! Show that you care!
:AnnaUNB: Say that you fancy her and then give her the D! Oh, and make sure you ask if she like it in the butt before you put it there.
:VladUNB: Err…

Insert Updated my journal_
>>
No. 561892 ID: a87e3a

>>561889
Food that doesn't taste like ash?! Bradford, we need to get you some ankwark rations or something for the road.

Vlad, keep in mind you rebuffed her by saying she's way out of your league. You need to demonstrate that you're gaining in confidence before she takes you seriously. Also uh, does it look like she wears a lot of makeup, or is it just some in specific areas? I'm wondering exactly what she's hiding about her face. Could be scars I guess, that'd be the most mundane explanation. Anyway, you could give her flowers, yeah. That's one way to try to convince someone to take you seriously. Some other sort of gift would work too. You could ask Jal what she likes, maybe some specific sort of candy?
>>
No. 561898 ID: 96fc99

well if you're going for Alex... maybe some cosmetic stuff, as Jal what she likes on that department, if you're talking about the blond... Just be forward and she'll probably do most of the work, if it's someone else... I don't know maybe some nice clothing that you think they'd look good in. It all depends on the girl really.
>>
No. 561902 ID: d0e0a2

Everybody, we've got amazing news! We've seen The Light! Literally! We were with Drina and Dooriya in the chapel and when they prayed the divine Light came and spoke with them and us! And then He asked us to take on a mission for Him: To destroy Ragnar, The Scourge of God, before his corruption spreads farther. We accepted, so we're on a mission from (a) god now!

We didn't get the details, but it seems Ragnar is undead or something like it and is connected somehow with whatever the source of the undead plague is. The Light didn't tell us everything, as is the usual with divine beings, but has utmost confidence in us. And if you think we're making this up, the sisters will probably be over here soon to confirm it all.

Okay, news delivered. Now, Vlad, you talking about Alexandra? In that case, how about getting her luggage, or at least her cosmetics, out of customs? Then you could bring them up to her along with her meal and present them to her. I think that we could ask Dooriya to help with getting it out of the customs office.

Ankwark doesn't taste like ash to you, Brad? I wonder what's special about it. I say you definitely should get every possible part of that ankwark cooked up into rations for yourself. And maybe there's other foods out there like it. If you keep a log of which foods taste like ash and keep trying different things you may find another one.

...Wait. The Light gave us a spear? Um... Where is it? And where would we even keep it? We don't have pockets, yanno... Hm... Maybe? [Check inventory]
>>
No. 561906 ID: 549d6c
File 139206987939.png - (28.30KB , 900x450 , 73.png )
561906

>[Check inventory].
[You lack pockets to keep things in.]
>Food that doesn't taste like ash?! Bradford, we need to get you some ankwark rations or something for the road.
:BradfordUNB: And this ale doesn’t taste like piss! Not like the one I had earlier today!
:StenUNB: Err… while I appreciate you not thinking it taste like piss, it’s the same ale.
:BradfordUNB: And these potatoes! They taste like freaking potatoes! I can’t remember the last time I tasted potatoes!
:StenUNB: I know my cooking isn’t perfect but geez…
>Everybody, we've got amazing news! We've seen The Light! Literally! He asked us to take on a mission for Him: To destroy Ragnar, The Scourge of God, before his corruption spreads farther. We accepted, so we're on a mission from (a) god now!
:AnnaUNB: Oh! Finally some action!
:JalUNB: Wait… from the light!? That thing actually exist!?
:AnnaUNB: Of course it does. How did you think Alex got all those holy powers?
:JalUNB: I don’t know… from the same place the wizard people get their magic?

>Vlad, you talking about Alex?
:VladUNB: Alexandra… and of course I’m talking about her. Have you seen those eyes? So... deep and beautiful… like a sun rise over the ocean.
:JalUNB: Have you even been to the oc-
:VladUNB: And her smile… when she smiles the whole world stops~
:AnnaUNB: “And she got a really cute butt”?
:VladUNB: What? No! I mean, yes but… that’s nothing you say out loud, Sofia!
>Vlad, keep in mind you rebuffed her by saying she's way out of your league. You need to demonstrate that you're gaining in confidence before she takes you seriously.
:VladUNB: Well, I was depressed back then… alright, I’m still a bit depressed but it’s worth a shot… the worse thing she can do is saying no.
:AnnaUNB: Actually, the worse thing she can do is to hit you with a restraining order. I know from experience.
>You could ask Jal what she likes, maybe some specific sort of candy?
:JalUNB: Well, if you want my advice… don’t. Sorry to burst your bubble but… let’s just say it’s for the best you don’t even try… but… hmmm… she would like a free gift… maybe it will cheer her up? Tell you what, go find some white chocolate and some nice flowers and you might have a chance. She really loves white chocolate.
>how about getting her luggage, or at least her cosmetics, out of customs?
:AnnaUNB: Yeah… that’s a no go. It’s completely closed until tomorrow. Something about a break-in or something.
:VladUNB: Well, crud.
:JalUNB: I still think this ship is doomed from the start…
:BradfordUNB: Mmm… potatoes…

Insert Boil them, smash them, stick them in a stew_
>>
No. 561907 ID: a87e3a

>>561906
Wait, your taste buds are back to normal, Brad? That means something has changed. I mean, that was a symptom of your soul being damaged, right? Do souls heal over time, then? Or maybe we healed you.

Err, wait, if Alexandra doesn't have her cosmetics and won't for the foreseeable future that means she's not gonna show her face to anyone. Vlad, if you really want to impress her, you gotta help the customs office with that breakin so you can get her cosmetics back.
>>
No. 561909 ID: 3f0c1b

Hmm... let's see, what has happened since you last ate that could have changed things? The smiting perhaps?
>>
No. 561913 ID: d0e0a2

So things are tasting the way they ought to now, Brad? And you're smiling? You're actually happy? Yeah, something has definitely changed. Next chance you get visit Doctor Vadoma to get your life essence checked. Perhaps the damage the daemon did to your soul is healing.

That sounds like good gifts, Vlad, but I dunno where you'd get them. It's the dead of winter, so picking flowers is out. I doubt there's much market for imported flowers here, so they wouldn't be in the shops. Though, some flowers have medicinal use, so you might be able to buy some from the local apothecary if they have a greenhouse.

White chocolate might be easier to get than the flowers. It'd probably be expensive to buy, since it has to be imported, but the town has grown enough that there may be a market for such a luxury. Ask the barkeep if there's anybody around that sells that kind of thing.

>>561907
Good point. Without her makeup on she'd only show her face to Jal. While Jal could deliver Vlad's gifts with a note from him, it just wouldn't be the same as Vlad doing it in person.
>>
No. 561933 ID: 549d6c
File 139207653121.png - (28.41KB , 900x450 , 74.png )
561933

>Wait, your taste buds are back to normal, Brad?
:BradfordUNB: I don’t know… I can taste stuff but… I believe I can remember… I don’t know if it is nostalgia or not, but I do remember things tasting… well, more.
>And you're smiling? You're actually happy?
:BradfordUNB: Is that this warm fuzzy feeling I’m having?
:JalUNB: That’s happiness, yes.
:BradfordUNB: It burns us…
:VladUNB: And now he’s cracking jokes!? By the light, the poison turned him into an undead! That’s the only reasonable explanation!
:AnnaUNB: Hey, Brad, wanna test if you’ve gotten more than just your taste bud b-
:BradfordUNB: No.
:AnnaUNB: …you know, you don’t have to try and kill me with your glare every time I ask…
>Next chance you get visit Doctor Vadoma to get your life essence checked.
:BradfordUNB: I’ll remember to visit her tomorrow.

>Vlad, if you really want to impress her, you gotta help the customs office with that breakin so you can get her cosmetics back.
:VladUNB: How? I can’t just go there and ask them if I can help, can I?
:AnnaUNB: Don’t worry, by tomorrow morning they’ll do business as usual. Alex luggage is bound to be done by then.
>It's the dead of winter, so picking flowers is out. I doubt there's much market for imported flowers here, so they wouldn't be in the shops.
:StenUNB: Actually, Ella, the local druid, usually have flowers to sell on the market each day. They are expensive, but…. Supply and demand you know…
>White chocolate might be easier to get than the flowers. It'd probably be expensive to buy, since it has to be imported, but the town has grown enough that there may be a market for such a luxury.
:StenUNB: I don’t know about that… maybe check with one of the foreigners on the market. They have all kind of exotic wares. Of course, the marked is kind of barren at this time of day…
>wait, if Alexandra doesn't have her cosmetics and won't for the foreseeable future that means she's not gonna show her face to anyone.
:VladUNB: Right… dammit… wait, can’t I talk to her without seeing her? Like trough a door?
:JalUNB: …or you can just talk to her normally… she bound to put on her face mask if you knock.
:VladUNB: Hmm…

Insert The undead are usually more alive than Brad, even on his best days…_
>>
No. 561941 ID: a87e3a

>>561933
Yeah I'd expect her to wear her mask. ...hang on I just realized she covers her entire body normally, only her face is exposed. Jal, is she a red Lizard? Because that's not a horrible curse or anything, they're just a different breed that died out. I'm guessing there are still some genes floating around in the pool.

I say let's go with the white chocolate.
>>
No. 561946 ID: d0e0a2

Heh. I think I know how to complete our mission. We just have to get Ragnar to make a pass at Brad and he'll be vaporized by the glare beam. Anyway, I hope this change in taste and mood also means your dreams tonight will be pleasant, or at least not the usual nightmares.

Vlad, how about you take Alexandra's meal up instead of Jal? But you'll need something to talk about. There's only so much you can gush about how awesome she is, after all. Jal, you got any topic suggestions or suggestions on how to talk to her?

We'll go up ahead to let Alexandra know you're coming. She'll probably be pissed at us for seeing her without her makeup on, but unless she's got a huge scar or something like that we won't be able to see what she's covering. Honestly, our vision is pretty crap.

>>561941
With what Sten said I doubt either the foreign traders or Ella the druid would be selling their wares right now. But if the marketplace is nearby Vlad could make a quick run over to make sure of it.
>>
No. 562025 ID: 549d6c
File 139212595550.png - (14.33KB , 900x450 , 75.png )
562025

>...hang on I just realized she covers her entire body normally, only her face is exposed.
:JalUNB: Well, of course. It’s rather cold out this time of year.
>Jal, is she a red Lizard?
:JalUNB: A what?
:VladUNB: Err… never heard of a red lizard.
:AnnaUNB: You mean… like blood or…?
>I say let's go with the white chocolate.
:VladUNB: Yes, that would be splendid. I’ll see if I can find some tomorrow.
>Vlad, how about you take Alexandra's meal up instead of Jal?
:JalUNB: If you wish… just don’t get your hopes up, kid. Otherwise this will all end in tears.
:AnnaUNB: Be a bit positive! Go Vlad, swipe her of her feet. I’m sure you’ll get to stick it in her butt by tomorrow.
:VladUNB: Err…

>We'll go up ahead to let Alexandra know you're coming. She'll probably be pissed at us for seeing her without her makeup on, but unless she's got a huge scar or something like that we won't be able to see what she's covering.
:VladUNB: Wait, don’t! Let someone knock or something fi-



:AlexUNB: D-disgusting… filthy… h-hideous! *Sniff* They were right, I-I’m grotesque! I… I’m nothing more t-then some m-monster! B-beast! *sniff*

Insert Seven years of bad luck_
>>
No. 562027 ID: ddfb02

Oh snap.
This...Looks both better and worse than I thought.
It's better, in that you SEEM to be a normal lizard to me, Alex, unless I'm missing something about your appearance.
The WORSE part...Well, normally people don't have that opinion of themselves. It's all in your head, all in the past, you're a fine looking lizard lady, at least to me.
>>
No. 562035 ID: a87e3a

>>562025
Uh... what? You look completely normal! What a rip, I thought you had some terrible secret.

What's your deal? Why do you think you're ugly?
>>
No. 562037 ID: 4a75fa

>They were right, I-I’m grotesque! I… I’m nothing more t-then some m-monster! B-beast!
You look fine to me. Except for what you did to your hand breaking that mirror.

What's wrong with how you look?
>>
No. 562041 ID: 549d6c
File 139214303786.png - (13.57KB , 900x450 , 76.png )
562041

>Oh snap.
AHH!!! NOT YOU!! Don’t look at me! DON’T LOOK!!
>Uh... what? You look completely normal!
I’m hideous! Stop lying to me, you bastard!
>You're a fine looking lizard lady, at least to me.
Then your eyesight must be bad, because I’m the most loathsome lizard that ever lived!
>Except for what you did to your hand breaking that mirror.
Wha- oh… ow… it’s bleeding rather… I better get this bandaged…
>What a rip, I thought you had some terrible secret.
Well, fuck you too, asshole! I’m sorry I’m just ugly!
>What's your deal? Why do you think you're ugly?
Because I am! Look at me! I got a face not even my mother would love… Even the gods spit on me because I’m so deformed! People lie and tell me I look fine… but I know that they are disgusted with me behind my back… they gossip how disgusting that Alexandra is… and then the rocks come… and the whip… oh gods, the whip...

*Knock*Knock*
:VladUNB: Lady Alexandra? Are you in there?
:AlexUNB: (By the light, not him… not now!)
:VladUNB: I’m sorry but… I tried to keep the voices from jumping to you… at least before you got a proper warning…
:AlexUNB: …go away…
:VladUNB: …are you alright? You don’t sound so well, lady Alexandra…

Insert Ugly is in the eye of the beholder… I think it’s in the third eye stalk to the left_
>>
No. 562044 ID: 4a75fa

>Even the gods spit on me because I’m so deformed!
That why you insisted on calling us demons? You couldn't accept gods being kind to you.

>Everyone lies to me
Okay. Occam's razor here. What's the simpler solution, the more likely truth: that everyone, your entire life, in the entire world, has been involved in a patronizing conspiracy to lie to you, and not one person has ever been honest enough, or mean spirited enough, or contrary enough to break ranks and call you ugly?

Or that you're wrong?

>rocks, whip
...who hurt you.
>>
No. 562045 ID: a87e3a

>>562041
Well okay, okay, I guess our vision isn't perfect. Female lizards look the same to us aside from obvious facial features like scars. We can only tell male lizards apart from their markings, too. However, this still means there is nothing obviously wrong with your face according to our vision. I mean, can you describe exactly what is deformed? If you can't, then you're not.

Now, apparently you're a therapist of some sort. Can't you recognize that you've been traumatized by whatever happened in your past? You have mental scars deeper than any physical deformity, and you need help.

Let the boy in. You've got your mask on, it's fine no matter what you think you look like.
>>
No. 562046 ID: ddfb02

Sounds MORE like you got tortured and brutally beaten, and supposedly because of your looks. The fact that you look roughly normal to us? Suggests that there was another reason, and you being 'Ugly' was simply an excuse.
>>
No. 562049 ID: a87e3a

Heck, it could be because she's beautiful, and someone in power was jealous.
>>
No. 562050 ID: d0e0a2

Okay, so everybody really thinks your ugly and lies to your face about it all the time, no matter the makeup or the mask? Well, I say "so fuckin' what?!" You gonna let them define your life? You gonna hide away so their lying eyes can be spared from your appearance? Well they don't deserve that! They all have to lie about it, so make them work overtime. And if the rocks come, you catch and throw them back. The whip? Grab and beat 'em with it. Live your life the way you want to and force the whole world lie to you.

So about when did you first think you were "ugly?" Do you remember what happened about that time? Who was around then?

...And I say whoever beat this terrible delusion into you only deserves to be cast into the deepest pit of Hell to be paradoxically roasted and frozen for all of eternity, and even that would be too good for them.
>>
No. 562051 ID: 549d6c
File 139214750263.png - (14.20KB , 900x450 , 77.png )
562051

>Okay. Occam's razor here. What's the simpler solution…
That I’m ugly and everyone lies! It has to be! Why else would they hurt me!?
>Can you describe exactly what is deformed? If you can't, then you're not.
I look like an old hag! My eyes are to farm from each other! My snout is to short! My scales are discolored! I’m ugly, disgusting vermin!
>So about when did you first think you were "ugly?" Do you remember what happened about that time? Who was around then?
I’ve always been ugly… they always told me I was ugly…
>...who hurt you?
…everyone who ever loved me…

>Can't you recognize that you've been traumatized by whatever happened in your past? You have mental scars deeper than any physical deformity, and you need help.
A p-proper lady doesn’t go to a therapist. A proper lady conceals, she doesn’t f-feel… A proper lady… doesn’t r-run away and b-becomes a priest… a-and… and… unproper lady is punished…
>Sounds MORE like you got tortured and brutally beaten, and supposedly because of your looks.
Nonono… discipline, knowing how a proper lady behaves… It wasn’t… no… NONONO… IT WASN’T LIKE THAT!
>Heck, it could be because she's beautiful, and someone in power was jealous.
:AlexUNB: SHUT UP! SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP!!
:VladUNB: ALEXANDRA!?

>Let the boy in. You've got your mask on, it's fine no matter what you think you look like.
:VladUNB: You were screaming and- what happened to the mirror!? And your hand!? A-are you alright!?
:AlexUNB: …I’m fine, Vladimir… what do you want…
:VladUNB: I… I… err… I was worried.
:AlexUNB: Worried? Why?
:VladUNB: You did freak out a bit when you didn’t get your baggage and… err… I… I was… worried…
:AlexUNB: Then stop worrying because I’m fine… now, go away, I want to be alone.
:VladUNB: …are you sure? I mean, you look pretty shaken…
:AlexUNB: I’m fine. Really.
:VladUNB: No, you aren’t. Here, sit down and I’ll make you some tea… and then we can discuss whatever is bothering you.
:AlexUNB: …why do you even care?
:VladUNB: See it as a thank you for earlier today… and… a-and… um… yes, tea…
:AlexUNB: …don’t bother, I can’t drink trough the mask anyway.
:VladUNB: Then take it of-
:AlexUNB: No.
:VladUNB: I don’t care how you look like under there… Please, Alex… just one cup…
:AlexUNB: …it’s Alexandra…

Insert A spot of tea, eh guv?_
>>
No. 562053 ID: 53ba34

he doesn't have ideals of beauty. he has no idea what a pretty person is supposed to look like. is too simple to care.
>>
No. 562064 ID: 88960e

The only ugly thing here is what's been done to you.
>>
No. 562066 ID: a87e3a

>>562051
Have him wear a blindfold.
>>
No. 562068 ID: eb10ea

Vlad, claiming that she isn't ugly seems to instantly hard-reset her attitude to complete denial, so try to avoid that for a bit. Explain that you don't care how she looks, she's a friend and you're worried.
>>
No. 562075 ID: 549d6c
File 139215468873.png - (14.55KB , 900x450 , 78.png )
562075

>Have him wear a blindfold.
:AlexUNB: …that’s a bit… much, isn’t it?
>He doesn't have ideals of beauty. He has no idea what a pretty person is supposed to look like. His too simple to care.
:VladUNB: ...did you just call me stupid?
:AlexUNB: Hey, don’t insult Vlad!
>The only ugly thing here is what's been done to you.
:VladUNB: Err… what have they done to you? …and who?
:AlexUNB: It’s… nothing. Forget about it.
>Explain that you don't care how she looks, she's a friend and you're worried.
:AlexUNB: …I can hear you too, you know…
:VladUNB: It isn’t your beauty that matters, it’s who you are.
:AlexUNB: …that just sounded cheesy…
:VladUNB: I don’t care how you look, you’re still going to be my friend and friends look after each other.
:AlexUNB: …didn’t the voices just sa-
:VladUNB: Besides, your real beauty can’t be covered up with cosmetics! They can’t cover up your caring personality… you gorgeous deep blue eyes… your form… the way you move… your voice… it’s all beautiful.
:AlexUNB: …Are you coming on to me?
:VladUNB: WHAT!? No! Err… I mean yes… um… I mean maybe?
:AlexUNB: *Sigh* Why did you have to do this more complicated… look, it’s not going to work. It’s…. it’s isn’t you, it’s me. I’m… I can’t really… it’s not going to work out, alright?
:VladUNB: B-but… you can’t just give up without even trying!
:AlexUNB: It’s pointless to try if it’s going to fail anyway… now turn around so I can drink my tea…
:VladUNB: B-but…

Insert Where’s my goddamn tea!?_
>>
No. 562079 ID: a87e3a

>>562075
Vlad, she's got a lot of baggage. It's basically true that it won't work out at this point in time, but we can work on it with her slowly, when we can have time alone with her. Speaking of which... Alexandra, he did bring up a good point. Beauty is not defined solely by one's face. Even with the mask on, people can be attracted to you, and you have no reason to believe he's lying about what he likes about you, do you?
>>
No. 562080 ID: 9ddf68

we're not totally sure on the details Vlad but it sounds like someone hurt here in the past and it's scared her to this day. You know I'm starting to think the reason we're connecting so fast with so many people is because all of them have something bad in there past.

I mean Vlad just lost his family, Alexandra sounds like someone tried to rise her to an unrealistic slandered and just ended up fucking up horribly, Anna's dad was sadden he never got a son so she tried to be a tomboy to make him happy only for it to end with her mom going nuts and killing her family, Brad doesn't know his past but it's starting to come back and from the sound of it it's not very happy ether, and we don't know what Jal or the sister's past is yet but seeing the theme going on here it doesn't sound like it will be a cheery one.

...Look Alex, I know you don't want to get into a relationship right now but can you at least offer Vlad a hand in friendship? None of you have had it easy and all of you could use someone to lean on for when things just become to much to deal with on your own. This doesn't have to be anything romantic if you don't want it to be but no one should have to suffer alone, everyone one should at least have a friend to help pull them out of the gutter, like when you stopped Vlad from drinking his life away, like how Vlad is trying to help you right now so you can be happy as well. Again you don't have to swoon every time someone comes to you but don't push them away either if they're just trying to help.
>>
No. 562092 ID: d0e0a2

...Vlad, you can't fix this here and now; You'll just dig yourself deeper. Please, just turn around and drink your tea. And you may as well take a moment to inform Alexandra of our new mission is and who it's from.

I don't know what to say, Vlad. We're out of our depth here. This kind of thing, it's impervious to logic. It twists perception into knots. There's no quick fix; It takes a long time and skill to right. I just don't know what to do...

Alexandra, take this as you will, but we won't give up on you, and we won't hurt you. I think the same can be said for Vlad and the rest.
>>
No. 562158 ID: 549d6c
File 139221357985.png - (15.47KB , 900x450 , 79.png )
562158

>...Look Alex, I know you don't want to get into a relationship right now but can you at least offer Vlad a hand in friendship?
:AlexUNB: I guess… more friends wouldn’t hurt…
>Alexandra, he did bring up a good point. Beauty is not defined solely by one's face. Even with the mask on, people can be attracted to you, and you have no reason to believe he's lying about what he likes about you, do you?
:AlexUNB: …a proper lady is supposed to care greatly about her looks…
:VladUNB: A proper lady doesn’t go around punching mirrors or has a breakdown as soon as they don’t have some cosmetics at hand. A “proper” lady is a dull, snobbish aristocrat… you’re anything but.
:AlexUNB:
>...Vlad, you can't fix this here and now; You'll just dig yourself deeper. Please, just turn around and drink your tea.
:AlexUNB: Mmm… this is quite good, actually. Where did you learn making tea?
:VladUNB: They had these premade bags in the drawesr of every room of the inn. I just heated up some water.
:AlexUNB: …oh.
>You may as well take a moment to inform Alexandra of our new mission is and who it's from.
:AlexUNB: …the light!? As in… the actual light!?
:VladUNB: Apparently.
:AlexUNB: And we’re supposed to find and kill someone who’s been dead for 200 years?
:VladUNB: That is correct.
:AlexUNB: …how the hell are we supposed to find someone like that? It’s not like we can go door to door, knock and ask if they’ve seen Ragnar… or that we’ll just run into him in the bar…

>You know I'm starting to think the reason we're connecting so fast with so many people is because all of them have something bad in their past.
:AlexUNB: Well, there is a pattern. As for Jal, he’s a bastard, his mother is a thrall and all the stress has made him an alcoholic.
:VladUNB: Err… won’t he mind you telling everyone that?
:AlexUNB: Oh, that drunkards tells everyone he’s a bastard already.
:VladUNB: …so when he said… I thought he was joking!
:AlexUNB: Well, he wa-
*Crash!*
:AlexUNB: OH MY GOD!?
:VladUNB: Brad!? OH SHIT, ANNA!?
:BradfordUNB: …Scratch… scratch scratch…

Insert Here’s Johnny!_
>>
No. 562161 ID: 15c145

Oh for fuck sake's he's being controlled by a deamon, Really? He's a fucking Vildman for god's sake, we saw one of those guys tare themselves limb from limb rather then let a Deamon control them.

hold on one sec [check pawns]
Oh and maybe try running... maybe the window?
>>
No. 562165 ID: 4a75fa

...they got the windwalker? Well, that's just fucking great. He can take everyone in the room apart before they can react if he does that speed thing.

Poor Anna. I liked her.

I don't suppose we can try and wrest him out from whatever's control he's under?
>>
No. 562166 ID: ddfb02

Well as if things weren't grimdark enough.
WHERE'S THE CULTISTS! Seriously, those guys are connected to the demons so if a demon got ahold of Brad chances are they're linked.
Anyhow, BRAD! STAND DOWN! WE ARE INTANGIBLE AND THUS IMMUNE TO YOUR WEAPONRY, AND YOU WILL NOT HURT THE REST OF OUR COMRADES WITHOUT GOING THROUGH US!!!
>>
No. 562168 ID: d0e0a2

...Okay, no. This is not happening. If Brad had been taken control of then more than Anna would have died; It would have been a rampage! You two would have heard that! And, more telling, if Brad had been taken then WE WOULD NOT BE HERE! He's our king! Our prime piece! We would be gone if he fell! This is not possible! I disbelieve! WE DISBELIEVE!

...And if that doesn't work I call BULLSHIT, and suggest you two try to get out the window ASAP. Throw everything in here at Brad or in his way, including the furniture.

We'll [Check pawn status] to see if this is actually happening, and if it is then [Switch to "The Savage"] to try and wrest control over Brad away from whatever the fuck has got him.

>>562161
That was a wraith, not a daemon, that got into that Vildman; Huge difference between the two. She gnawed her own limbs off to keep her corpse from being taken by it.
>>
No. 562173 ID: 549d6c
File 139222757022.png - (16.22KB , 900x450 , 80.png )
562173

>[check pawns]
[“The Savage” Status: Sleeping, Corrupted dreams. “The hunter” Status: Depressed, Sleeping. “The priest” Status: Stressed out, sleeping. “The Alchemist” Status: Drunk, Disappointed, horny, sleeping. “Sister of Wisdom” Status: Sleeping, Blessed dreams. “Sister of Power” Status: Sleeping, Blessed dreams. “The Valkyrie” Status: Depressed, Crying. Current Corruption level: 2% and falling.]
>I don't suppose we can try and wrest him out from whatever's control he's under?
:VladUNB: WHAT? HOW!? I don- ARHG!
:AlexUNB: AAAA-
>Oh and maybe try runni-
:BradfordUNB: No! NO RUNNING! They will not escape the feast! They will not escape the coming darkness! We will gain our freedom!!
>They all deserve to die for what they did… kill them all… not even the gods are immortal.
:BradfordUNB: …how does it feel, Bradford… to know that you have so much blood on your hands… so much death… all because of your pride... Do you think they would be proud?
>>
No. 562174 ID: 549d6c
File 139222758207.png - (13.25KB , 900x450 , 81.png )
562174

>Wake up!
:BradfordUNB: Mhng?
:UnknownKAK: Why, hello there.
:UnknownKAK: Boss! He’s fighting it!
:BradfordUNB: MGFHF!!
:UnknownKAK: Don’t worry, this stuff will have him sleeping like a baby in no time.
:BradfordUNB: Mff…
:UnknownKAK: See? Get him out through the window… and let’s hope those religious freaks are good to their word, you’re worth a lot of coin, little man. …who sleeps in their armor an-

[You have lost connection to “The Savage!”]
>>
No. 562176 ID: 549d6c
File 139222763852.png - (16.16KB , 900x450 , 82.png )
562176

:VariusUNB: We’re almost there, Daniel, I think I can see the top!
:DanielUNB: ...Are these ruins really important enough to risk our very lives for!?
:VariusUNB: Of course! These aren’t some simple ruins; it’s a site of a battle that saved the very world we live in thousands of years ago. This very ziggurat was built as a defense against beings you can’t even imagine, let alone fathom! Here I thought you knew the way when I hired you as a guide.
:DanielUNB: No one has been mad enough to venture this far up the mountain before! We would have been dead ten times over by now… but… it’s like something is protecting us from the cold and weak air…
:VariusUNB: Do not dally now, Daniel, we need to keep moving… I’m sure the entrance will be somewhere around here…

[You now have control over “The Sacrifice”!]

Insert And now for someone completely different_
>>
No. 562180 ID: a87e3a

>>562176
Oh, hello, someone new. Don't worry, we're allies of the Light. You're getting close to the peak of the mountain? I guess we'll get to see what's up here.

What's that brown thing stuck in the snow?
>>
No. 562181 ID: ddfb02

Mantis Wizard?
No questions, kick out behind you.

Guidesman?
Tackle that guy in front of you.

Undead guy?
Stay away from those two/identify yourself.
>>
No. 562182 ID: 4a75fa

>Daniel
>The Sacrifice
We switched from playing Civ to watching Stargate, I see.

Hello, how are you, what's the date?
>>
No. 562186 ID: e9e331

hey want to know something, we just stopped by to say that your name pings up as the scarface. just thought we'd let you know that.

Also one sec [message Vaalkyrei hey uh, now might not be a good time but Brad's being kidnapped by what we think are cultist in white hoodies... and since your the only one awake and we're being pulled somewhere else can can't really do shit right now we're hoping you can do something since our little blobby hands are tied. KayThanksByeWEKnewWeCouldCountOnYouBye]
>>
No. 562188 ID: e9e331

>>562186
I meant to say sacrifice not scarface, sorry
>>
No. 562189 ID: a87e3a

...wait a minute is that a mantis with a beard?

This is a dream, isn't it.
>>
No. 562196 ID: 549d6c
File 139223208761.png - (15.19KB , 900x450 , 83.png )
562196

>[message Valkyrie]
[You haven’t yet claimed the Valkyrie pawn yet. Please wait nine months.]

>Oh, hello, someone new.
Wha- WHO SAID THAT!? WHAT ARE YOU!?
>What's the date?
I… Date? You want to know the date? Err… It’s the 19 of the 1st month of Siegfried’s season, 3995?
>we just stopped by to say that your name pings up as the sacrifice. Just thought we'd let you know that.
…Sacrifice? To what? I rather not be a sacrifice to anything, thank you very much.

>Mantis Wizard?
That’s professor Varius. He’s some hotshot necromancer from one of those desert nations down south. He wanted me to guide him up here to find these ruins for some reason… dunno why, but the coin is good.
>Undead guy?
That’s his servant… or slave… or something. Those desert dwellers are weird with their total disrespect for the dead.
>Beard?
Something about “You can’t be a real wizard without one” or something. Don’t ask me, the old man is rather eccentric.

>What's that brown thing stuck in the snow?
:DanielUNB: …Professor Varius? I think I found something…
:VariusUNB: Hmmm? Really? Let me see… ah, it’s a top of a statue! This has to be the entrance I was told about! Good job, Daniel! Quick, start removing the snow!
:DanielUNB: Err… it will take ages to dig it up! We’re going to freeze to death before that! The storm is getting worse by the minute!
:VariusUNB: Nonsense! See, the snow is already falling away by itself. Soon we’ll have a hole large enough to get through.
:DanielUNB: …How did you even find this place!? It’s in the middle of nowhere on the larges mountain in the world!
:VariusUNB: From ancient texts and artifacts, of course… and some help from elsewhere… now, we’re almost inside, keep digging, servant!

Insert An idea! I will steal it! No one will ever know!_
>>
No. 562200 ID: 3f0c1b

>>562189
If it is then I don't want to wake up, and if it isn't then we must know his secrets!
>>
No. 562201 ID: a87e3a

>>562196
Oh boy we're in the... past? Present? I'm confused now.
[check status of pawns]

Okay, I gotta warn you. This place is going to be full of traps if it's like the other temple we've been in.

Tell us about yourself while we wait. How did you come to be on this expedition? What's the situation like around here? Did you come across any strange people or interesting towns?
>>
No. 562205 ID: d0e0a2

Allow me to introduce ourselves: We're the Voices of the Many, a collective of spirits that come to advise those who'll play an important part in the fate of the world. We try to make that fate one of "saving the world" as best we can, but there are others like us who have their own agendas, and still others who have been corrupted by daemonic influence.

Okay, looks like we've jumped back in time. It was the 23rd of the 3rd month of Thane’s season, year 3996 when we left. Hmmm... I wonder who's with us now. Better [check pawn status]. Just to make sure, this mountain is the Pillar of the Heavens, isn't it?

Wait. Varius? We heard of this guy when we were last in the Serath Kingdom. He's the Serath Academy's best necromancer. We wanted to consult with him about wraith possessions that were happening down there, but he'd left on an expedition a few days before. Then his apprentice turned up dead, his corpse quite possibly have been driven around by a wraith for a few days... Not a good sign.

I have a bad feeling about that "help from elsewhere" he mentioned, and you should to, Daniel. We've been facing daemonic forces and Varius may be under their sway. Or he might be with another like us, and his motives could be anything. Or he could just be an academic fixated on something. Whatever it is, his objective here is unknown, and that worries me.

Unfortunately there's no going back down the mountain; You'd die for sure that way. There's no choice, you'll have dig down and follow Varius. All I can suggest is remaining wary and keeping your distance.

Ask Varius if he knows from which direction this ziggurat was made to defend against those unfathomable beings. Is he sure it wasn't built to contain them and not as a fortress against them?
>>
No. 562207 ID: e9e331

...10 magpies he's going to kill you

anyways if you really want to go down there be on the look out for traps, monsters, and generally bad shit. If I can take a shot in the dark I'm guess that the battle that happened her so long ago was when the windwalkers fight some guy who's title was the scourge of god and killed him... and with my second shot I guessing that the necromancer here wants something to do with that guy's corpse or the corpse of the fallen windwalkers.
>>
No. 562211 ID: eb10ea

>I rather not be a sacrifice to anything, thank you very much.
Well then you'd better get really freaking paranoid because you're in a remote location where nobody can hear you scream and in the company of a necromancer crazy enough to tie a beard to his face.
>>
No. 562215 ID: 549d6c
File 139223954559.png - (12.76KB , 900x450 , 84.png )
562215

>[check status of pawns]
[“The Sacrifice” Status: Confused. There aren’t any claimable pawns nearby!]

>Allow me to introduce ourselves: We're the Voices of the Many, a collective of spirits that come to advise those who'll play an important part in the fate of the world.
…right. A simpler and more likely explanation is that I’ve gone nuts and is hearing things.
>Tell us about yourself while we wait. How did you come to be on this expedition? What's the situation like around here? Did you come across any strange people or interesting towns?
Err… he paid a lot of coin to be guided up the mountain? Of course, I didn’t think he would be crazy enough to go this far. As for the “situation” around here… well… it’s snowy… cold… boring… as it always is? …and the only town around here is the same town I’m from, It’s called Ängladal and is at the foot of these mountains.
>We must know his secrets about the beard!
It’s fake. I can almost see the steel wire from here.
>Okay, looks like we've jumped back in time. It was the 23rd of the 3rd month of Thane’s season, year 3996 when we left.
Huh… that’s almost nine months… what happen then?
>Just to make sure, this mountain is the Pillar of the Heavens, isn't it?
Yes, one of them… the tallest of them, in fact.
>Wait. Varius? We heard of this guy when we were last in the Serath Kingdom.
Yes, Serath deserts, that’s what they are called! I had it on my tongue but…
>There's no choice, you'll have dig down and follow Varius. All I can suggest is remaining wary and keeping your distance.
Right… just digging myself deeper and deeper…
>...10 magpies he's going to kill you.
…you’re on.

>Ask Varius if he knows from which direction this ziggurat was made to defend against those unfathomable beings. Is he sure it wasn't built to contain them and not as a fortress against them?
:VariusUNB: It’s was made as a battle ground… one of four, in fact. They were built to fight back and seal the beings into their own world. Sealed by a word from the gods… but the seals are weakening and the words are gone… at least, that’s what the legends says.
:DanielUNB: Wait, you’re going to poke around a prison for who knows what? What if you unseal this crap!?
:VariusUNB: Don’t be ridicules. The seals were made by the old gods themselves. A mere mortal like me would never be able to even weaken them, let alone break them. Besides, these beings need a bunch of sacrifices of blood and stuff to even have any power. There’s no need to worry, my boy. Besides, there’s four other seals… one somewhere deep in the fetid jungles to the south, the other two somewhere across the great sea…
:DanielUNB: …I’m still a bit skeptical about a-
:VariusUNB: There! It’s open! Quickly! The storm is growing worse and we have much to accomplish!
>>
No. 562218 ID: 549d6c
File 139223957892.png - (892.24KB , 960x716 , Silly1.png )
562218

:DataPIX: Star date… err… I think it was the tenth last Tuesday. No matter… I am in dire need of assistance, as the whole crew has taken ill to some kind of unknown disease. I’ve tried to find a cure but to no success. There is no information about this unknown disease in the ships database… and I’m running out of hope. Without the captain to command us, the guy with weird glasses to look cool, the big guy with weird ridges on his head to look tough and the beard being the beard we’ll have no chance to steer the ship. Our only hope is that I, Data, find the cure before it to late… the cure to this nefarious disease… this disease that the crew have come to call… Starbound.
:BeardPIX: THE MIGHTY BEARD HAVE BUILT A MIGHTY CASTLE FOR THE BEARD!
:JewPIX: I, Magneto, master of magnetism, have constructed the perfect pickaxe made of iron! Fear my mighty pickaxe!
:BaldPIX: Pickaxes is so last week. I got a drill… made of diamonds!
:DataPIX: Log update… The crew has started speaking in tongues. The need of complete extermination is growing larger by the hour.

Insert This is highly illogical… wait, wrong series_
>>
No. 562226 ID: a87e3a

>>562218
Data, you must infiltrate the source of the infection and sabotage its functionality. Become server admin, and the grief the fuck out of everyone so they stop playing.

Or you could just shut off the internet.
>>
No. 562291 ID: 1de4e6

>>562226
Turn off the net or at lest block it cos well some ones got them hocked on mine craft:/
>>
No. 562294 ID: 37aa84

Route the input device they use for the game to the navigation system so they'll steer the ship instead of controlling their game.
>>
No. 562295 ID: a87e3a

>>562294
PERFECT. We'll make the game into their job!
>>
No. 562316 ID: 4a75fa

>>...10 magpies he's going to kill you.
>…you’re on.
That's a bet Daniel can't lose. If he lives, he collects. If he dies, he's too dead to pay up.

>>562218
So... a holodeck game has taken over everyone's real-life, and is making the crew act crazy?

You'd think you'd be used to this by now.

Obviously, there are only two ways to solve problems. If it's a small problem, you can make an analogy at it, thus solving it by technobabble. If it's a big problem, you have to confront it, and talk to it on it's own terms in order to come out the other side.

So, try an analogy first. If that doesn't work, you'll have to venture into the heart of the starbound.
>>
No. 562337 ID: 0b54f4

Starbound has shown up in my dreams. Twice. In the past week.

Also, Data, clearly the only way to cure them of the game is to BEAT THEM AT IT! :3
>>
No. 562349 ID: 549d6c
File 139229995424.png - (690.44KB , 720x540 , Silly2.png )
562349

>You could just shut off the internet.
:DataPIX: Impossible. The internet is currently too important to the ships survival to be shut off. For example, I’m currently downloading 47 different erotic holo simulations and the new Lego movie. It’s imperative that they are done as soon as possible.
>Route the input device they use for the game to the navigation system so they'll steer the ship instead of controlling their game.
:UnknownKAK: New course set. Old course: Planet paradise, filled with puppies and candy. New course: Planet Doomy doom death destruction defilement Danish resort… warning, this planet has a 100% death rate on all redshirts, 100% death rate on all mauve shirts, 99% death rate on all captains (Unless you are an anti-authority maverick called Kirk or bald).
:DataPIX: …oh shit, my shirt is mauve!
>You can make an analogy at it, thus solving it by technobabble.
:DataPIX: I need more information about this “Starbound” to make an analogy. Let’s analyses the behavior of the infected.
:JewPIX: Gentlemen, behold! The larges mustache you’ve ever beheld!
:BeardPIX: THE BEARD SUDDENLY NEEDS TO CONSUME A LARGE AMOUNT OF PRINGLES!
:BaldPIX: That’s nothing! Watch this! It’s a horse playing the saxophone!
:JewPIX: It’s… it’s… beautiful…
:BeardPIX: THE MIGHTY BEARD SHEDS A SINGLE TEAR DOWN HIS MIGHTY CHEEK!
:DataPIX: Urge to kill… rising… urge to live… almost gone…

> Data, you must infiltrate the source of the infection and sabotage its functionality. Become server admin, and the grief the fuck out of everyone so they stop playing.
:DataPIX: It’s the only way…
:JewPIX: Hey, what happened to my mustache? Why is there suddenly two large round shapes and a… oh god, that isn’t a mustache at all!
:BaldPIX: Alright, who built that… THING between my glorious horse legs?
:BeardPIX: THE MIGHTY BEARD WISH TO KNOW WHO MADE A MIGHTY PENIS IN HIS MIGHTY CASTLE!
:BaldPIX: Who is do- Wait, who is this “D4t4RocksHumanSuck89”?
:BeardPIX: THE MIGHTY BEARD SAW DATA USE THAT NAME WHEN WE PLAYED TEAM HATRESS 4: THE HATTENING! NOW WITH MORE HATS!
:JewPIX: Get him! …wait, what happen to the 3rd one?
:BEARDPIX: VALVE CAN’T COUNT TO THREE! NOW, THE MIGHTY BEARD COMMANDS THAT WE TAKE CARE OF THIS UNMIGHTY DATA!
:BaldPIX: Death to the nonbeliever!
:DataPIX: Oh no, my penis barrage was to effective! I need a place to hide!

Inse- Expecting an insert? Too bad, It’s BEARD TIME!_
>>
No. 562352 ID: 714d40

Hide within the mighty beard's beard. It is far to vast to search effectively so they will never find you.
>>
No. 562353 ID: 4a75fa

>Let’s
Your program finally figured out how to use contractions, huh?

>what do?
Just go somewhere where there's no air. It's not like there are any vacuum suits on this ship. And without you, none of them are smart enough to cheat to use shields to make personal air bubbles or anything.

>penis barrage was ineffectual
Did you make them... fully functional? If not, that's probably the problem.
>>
No. 562354 ID: 08a3e5

>>562349
Ohhhhh sheeeeet its starbound now I get what he ment by a drill made of Dimonds... let me just login and have a chat with em
*plaper volts dancer has joined*
(Vlots dancer)hay guys I think irl is calling you lot
>>
No. 562355 ID: 08a3e5

>>562349
(Vlots dancer)wait is that what I think it is O_O good mother of yhe borg it is....is it fully functional?
>>
No. 562365 ID: a87e3a

>>562354
>>562355
Please don't do that.

>>562349
Hide in the holodeck! Make a simulation of like, 100 Datas so they don't know which one is you.
>>
No. 562377 ID: 549d6c
File 139231715904.png - (143.32KB , 320x320 , Silly3.png )
562377

(Vlots dancer): hay guys I think irl is calling you lot
(MagnetMan): Bah, let the others search for that walking can of plastic. I got a mustache to rebuild!
(Vlots dancer): wait is that what I think it is O_O good mother of yhe borg it is....is it fully functional?
(MagnetMan): Well, he did make this really advance pump system… which I’m surprise he should create with the game still being in Beta and all…
(BaldisBeautiful): Magneto! What are you doing!? You’re supposed to help us catch Data, not chat with strangers!
(LordBEARD!): THE BEARD DEMANDS VENGEANCE!

>Hide within the mighty beard's beard. It is far too vast to search effectively so they will never find you.
:DataPIX: Hmmm… if only I should get close to the beard without someone noticing me… I know, I will camouflage myself! With a beard!
:BaldPIX: You know… we aren’t stupid. Putting on a beard won’t make it harder to find you.
:DataPIX: Oh shi- plan B!
>Hide in the holodeck! Make a simulation of like, 100 Datas so they don't know which one is you.
:JewPIX: My god… it’s full of beards!
:BEARDPIX: MY BEARD IS STILL MORE MIGHTY!
:BaldPIX: DATA!? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!? The universe can’t handle this much beard! You’ve ru-
>>
No. 562378 ID: 549d6c
File 139231717511.png - (402.63KB , 547x522 , Silly4.png )
562378

Warning, beard mass exceeds that of normal values! ERROR! The Universe has committed an illegal action and will shut down! All your unsaved data will be lost! Have a nice day.

:DataPIX: Dammit, and I haven’t updated my backup in ag-

BOOM!!
>>
No. 562379 ID: 549d6c
File 139231718659.png - (173.69KB , 500x346 , Silly5.png )
562379

GAME OVER!
>>
No. 562381 ID: a87e3a

>>562379
FIND BEARD
>>
No. 562387 ID: 4a75fa

Just blame everything on Q. He'll end up having to fix things just to prove you wrong.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password