[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 549154)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 41599 unique user posts. View catalog

File 138489686246.png - (46.59KB , 2700x1458 , 1.png )
549154 No. 549154 ID: b3ca75

Old threads and Wiki: http://tgchan.org/wiki/Rust
Discussion (as dead as ever): http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/56976.html

Notice: As the author of this quest was recently beaten to death by his own creations, this quest will from now on be done by a lobotomized monkey. You might notice significant rise in the quality of the writing, but pay it no mind… also, ignore any calls of help... everyone is happy here… very happy…
Expand all images
>>
No. 549155 ID: b3ca75
File 138489687673.png - (16.86KB , 900x450 , 2.png )
549155

Creating “The shaman”…

:DurachRUST: Oh, great spirits of old, please accept my humble sacrifice… oh please, wise spirits, guide us in the coming times of turmoil…
:UnknownKAK: Oh, great daemon… we’ve found more survivors!
:UnknownKAK: Burn them… burn them all!
:DurachRUST: …and have mercy on our sinful souls… know, what we do is for the future… for a better tomorrow…

Insert Utopia justifies shit_
>>
No. 549157 ID: 53ba34

woah, you got two of the orbs. nice job.
>>
No. 549158 ID: 7bbaae

>>549155
Excuse me but what the fuck are you doing? Burning an entire city is not nice. You better have a good explanation for this.
>>
No. 549159 ID: 322908

Oh boy, sacrifices! Is it a goat heart? Goat hearts are my favorite!

>what we do is for the future… for a better tomorrow…
Funny, that sounds like something a slaver would say. What's your excuse?
>>
No. 549160 ID: beeca1

>>549155
If that city you're about to burn is your sacrifice, sacrifice not accepted. Quit it.
>>
No. 549161 ID: dbe554

Hmmm, Shaman. You must be the one we've heard of from the Serath.

Greetings, we are the spirits of Many, we will be your guides. We cannot grant forgiveness, but we grant guidance.
>>
No. 549162 ID: fc937d

Sup, spirits of old, here to advise you or insult you arbitrarily as we deem necessary.

...you heard about your son, yet?
>>
No. 549164 ID: 3a1f17

You want advice?

The "Peace through Power" strategy never works out in the end.
>>
No. 549178 ID: 279f18

The ends don't always justify the means there, witch doctor.

Nice skull helm by the way.
>>
No. 549181 ID: 9ddf68

well... this will get awkward soon. don't worry about it you'll probably figure it out later as we suck with subtlety.

So what can we do for you?
>>
No. 549239 ID: b3ca75
File 138495416270.png - (17.45KB , 900x450 , 3.png )
549239

>Sup, spirits of old, here to advise you or insult you arbitrarily as we deem necessary.
Wha- err… is this some kind of joke? …is there someone hiding behind the tent, pretending to be… or did I just insult you because I thought you were fake!? Oh gods, have mercy on me, spirits!
>Oh boy, sacrifices! Is it a goat heart? Goat hearts are my favorite!
…err… no? It’s some fresh fruit and nuts… err… do you want a goat heart? It’s kind of hard to come by around here…
>You must be the one we've heard of from the Serath.
I am? Um… I don’t think so… I’m not really… you know… the face of the horde, so to speak… I think you mean Mor’kay. You know, “The daemon of the north”-
>...you heard about your son, yet?
Which one? Um… does that include the dead ones or… wait, can you even talk to the dead ones!?

>Excuse me but what the fuck are you doing? Burning an entire city is not nice. You better have a good explanation for this.
War is never nice… and we had our reasons. We tried diplomacy first and we did give them ample time to escape… but most stayed to fight… they even gave their children weapons…
>The "Peace through Power" strategy never works out in the end.
Good thing we aren’t fighting for peace… or power… well, some of us think they are fighting for power but… um… yea, let’s just say we aren’t going for the whole peace through power thingy.
>woah, you got two of the orbs. nice job.
Orbs? Oh, you mean the key stones! Then you must know about our plan right? You if anyone must know their real purpose!

:RechoRUST: Father? They need you in the warlords tent.
:DurachRUST: I’ll be there in a minute, son…

…we just need three more stones… then then heavens will fall to us! Some might call it a weapon… but it’s a blessing…

Insert Symbolic metaphors hinting that everyone is Jesus in purgatory_
>>
No. 549241 ID: 53ba34

yes a dead one, he isn't dead anymore.
>>
No. 549243 ID: f031ef

so what, you call on spirits regularly and never once thought they'd answer back? then why even try?

But yeah this call the heavens thing, is it some sort of giant death beam that falls from the sky or something else? Oh and if at any time we are doing things or asking for things we should know about, it's because we are quite insane, just a heads up.
>>
No. 549246 ID: fc937d

>does that include the dead ones or… wait, can you even talk to the dead ones!?
One of them, if you are who I think you are. Have you heard from Horus, yet?

>Then you must know about our plan right? You if anyone must know their real purpose!
Naturally. How much of their purpose have you divined? How does the plan progress?
>>
No. 549248 ID: bee296

*yawns* Hey shaman, if you don't mind me asking, do you have any tips on how to teach someone ice magic?
>>
No. 549249 ID: dbe554

You do not need to sacrifice to us, we will be with you regularly now that we have noticed you.

Though our eyes might not be with you always, we have several we watch over now, each with a divine purpose that will guide the conflict that will come.
>>
No. 549256 ID: b3ca75
File 138496190929.png - (39.75KB , 900x450 , 4.png )
549256

>Yes a dead one, he isn't dead anymore.
…what? How? I mean, none of them should even have corpses to raise any longer…
>Do you have any tips on how to teach someone ice magic?
Um… well… focus on the slowness, not the cold…
>So what, you call on spirits regularly and never once thought they'd answer back? Then why even try?
Um… I thought you guys were like the gods. You never answers by you always listen.

>we have several we watch over now, each with a divine purpose that will guide the conflict that will come.
Oh… let’s hope you direct the coming conflict to an end that’s good for everyone.
>Naturally. How much of their purpose have you divined? How does the plan progress?
I’ve already seen them in action before… and know full well what they do and how to find them… we only need to reach the capital and-
>But yeah this call the heavens thing, is it some sort of giant death beam that falls from the sky or something else?
…wait, you guys doesn’t know what they do at all, do you!? …but yea, sure, death beam… if you want to believe that, sure.
>Have you heard from Horus, yet?
Oh yes, he brought me the second keystone. Why? What’s so special about him? Do you want to talk to him? Because he’s probably going to be in the warlords tent when we get there…

:MorkayRUSTED: YOU LOST HIM!? HOW CAN YOU LOSE HIM!!?
:HorusRUST: *Gnt* T-they were a-ambushed by s-slavers… how would I have k-known-
:MorkayRUSTED: WHY DIDN’T YOU BRING HIM WITH YOU!?
:HorusRUST: *Cough* B-but you sa-
:MorkayRUSTED: I TOLD YOU TO HIDE HIM! NOT CAST HIM OUT TO THE SKRANGS! …you’re lucky I still need you alive, old man, or your head would have joined those outside…

Insert He’s huge! That means he got huge guts! Rip and tear!_
>>
No. 549258 ID: fc937d

>…wait, you guys doesn’t know what they do at all, do you!?
Damnit, I had him talking. Way to spill the beans.

>Horus
He's not so special as the news he brings. About the dead son.
>>
No. 549261 ID: dbe554

We don't always know what's going on, our attentions usually are on mortals that we need to guide, that we know will end up affecting the balance in some way. So no we don't actually know what the current plan is.

Also we know Horus, one of our current followers was apart of his group before they were ambushed and raised.

That is the biggest Lizard we have ever truly seen, we've never seen one reach beyond the tallest mantis!
>>
No. 549263 ID: 64e057

well he's a big one isn't he?
>>
No. 549264 ID: cad45e

Man oh man what a dick, a penis, a literal huge shlong he is. Seriously, do you guys think he kinda looks like a big black di- okay let's change the subject.

So i'm gonna tell you straight out from here, doing all this war stuff really is not in our plan. Using blue orbs of ultimate destruction? Nada, don't know jack about how to even really use them.

Now i don't believ- no i certainly know that both you and the slavers we're lazy shits when it came to diplomacy. And to be fair while you got our magical asses now bumping about i'm not so sure if it's past the passing point of "You dun goofd". But i must ask, if all fails what are your... y'know, plan B?

Also that lizard guy is rude, get him to calm down or something.
>>
No. 549265 ID: bee296

Lizard guy is also big angry warlord guy-I'd like to NOT piss him off because I'll wager there's a reason he's like twice the size of normal people AND looks like he's actually that size, instead of say, being on stilts or having a second guy who's shoulders he's standing on. Look at his arms and teh size of his head. That guy is legit huge.
Now, we don't know YOUR plans, and we're still in the phase of figuring out what's what, which makes things problematic with your high expectations of us-we're a bit slow out the gate. That said, what's the current situation? We DO know something roasted one of the villiages of the other side-we THINK that was you but let's check to be sure-there's signs of a third player in the form of gaurdians of the ancient ruins, and there's nothing to say that there isn't some sort of 'ruler' to them that's sentient and angry at the collapse of that original civilization.
>>
No. 549266 ID: beeca1

I dunno what you guys are talking about, he's smaller than my pinky finger.


Anyway, yeah, here's the thing. You're not our only host. Fail to satisfy us that you don't have any horrible apocalyptic plans and we skedaddle, inform our other hosts, and they wipe their asses with your little tribe.
>>
No. 549272 ID: 279f18

>>549256
That guy's proportioned like a beanstalk. Seriously his torso looks like a noodle.
>>
No. 549280 ID: 7bbaae

>>549258
You don't get it do you? The shaman isn't Jericho's father.

>>549256
So this is the "demon". Looks like a lizard on stilts with special armor to hide the fact that he's just a lizard. And I guess arm extensions. Has anyone seen him out of that armor?

I'll let you in on a little secret. If your group winds up using the keys, bad shit will happen. Jericho is currently gathering the keys himself, in a way. I strongly suggest that if Jericho shows up you listen to what he has to say.
>>
No. 549292 ID: 2f4b71

>>549256
>Um… well… focus on the slowness, not the cold…
Sooooo... 'ice' magic saps energy, 'fire' emits energy?
>>
No. 549330 ID: dc8ad5

>>549280
..if I were to hazard a guess, the warlord might. The markings are similar and chances are this warlord who's probably very good at ice is why our pebble can do so.
>>
No. 549364 ID: d315b1

>>549330
You're missing the obvious method.

Durach. Shaman. Dude with the skull. We're looking for the father of a lizard named Jericho (you know, the guy the warlord's probably yelling about right now). He'd have to be at least around 40 years old, and an ice mage. Before he was captured, Horus mentioned something about him going on a pilgrimage, and his wife (who was apparently a slaver fire mage) either dying or disappearing.

Do you know of anybody who fits this description?
>>
No. 549476 ID: b3ca75
File 138513912204.png - (39.28KB , 900x450 , 5.png )
549476

>Sooooo... 'ice' magic saps energy, 'fire' emits energy?
Um… I think? I don’t know, I just kind of use it on instinct.
>That guy's proportioned like a beanstalk. Seriously his torso looks like a noodle.
Well, Mr. Noodlelord Mor’kay over there isn’t really sporting a normal body. It’s all magic and stuff.
>That lizard guy is rude, get him to calm down or something.
I’ve never seen him this angry… something really bad must have happened.
>Do you know of anybody who fits this description?
Hmm… let’s see… I think I know which pilgrimage you mean. We were ten who ventured out the lands in the south… to find a future for our people. There were only two lizard males with us, me and Mor’kay, the warlord…. Master of all beanstalks!

>But i must ask, if all fails what are your... y'know, plan B?
Plan B already failed. This is like… um… what, plan K?
>If your group winds up using the keys, bad shit will happen.
…really? You truly know nothing of what they do… and I won’t tell you. You might be talking to someone who might misuse their power. Actually… you aren’t really the spirits I had hoped would answer…

:MorkayRUSTED: Horus, go and wake up Eliros and tell him to start making some golems, well need them for the next step.
:HorusRUST: Y-yes, warlord!
:MorkayRUSTED: I’ve gotten some new intel from the capital, and it seems the slavers have a mine not far from here, filled with warriors ready to be freed. Akena, take two groups of warrior and Eliros’ golems and free those people. They will be expect an attack after what we did to the city here, but they won’t expect us to know the about the backdoor to the mines. Here’s the documents and maps you need.
:AkenaRUST: At once, my lord!
:MorkayRUSTED: Durash, I need you and your son to accompany me to city of Der’ankh. We’re going to have a bit of a talk to the people there.
:DurachRUST: Do you think they will listen this time?
:MorkayRUSTED: The slavers aren’t suicidal. We’ve sent them a clear message what we will do if they don’t give in to our demands. At least, I hope they are smart enough, because too much blood has already been spilled for this quest.
:DurachRUST: Yet more will be spilled before it’s over…

Insert Clean up on aisle four_
>>
No. 549481 ID: fc937d

>I’ve never seen him this angry… something really bad must have happened.
I'm pretty sure the estranged son he left in Horus' care was killed.

>You might be talking to someone who might misuse their power
...and how do we know you won't misuse their power? Desperate people in a military confrontation and ancient powers tend to combine in dangerous ways.

>too much blood has already been spilled
>Yet more will be
Well, there's something we can certainly agree with.
>>
No. 549486 ID: 7bbaae

>>549476
Only Jericho can use those things properly, that's why you getting all of them is bad. Of course, Jericho getting them all right now would be bad too, since he is a bit of a slave at the moment. I don't exactly trust his masters to make the right choice of how to use the tears.

What are your demands, anyway? We might be able to convince the slavers to meet them and avoid further bloodshed.
>>
No. 549489 ID: 9ddf68

well since you asked if you truly want to know about us I'll give you the cliff notes. We're older then the dirt you're walking on, we helped your gods back when they were still just normal folk... ok I wouldn't really say normal but before they became gods, and we only show up when some kind of great change is about to happen (usually on where lots of people die / end of the world stuff) and we try to steer this change towards something a little more happy for everyone, or at least steer it away from whatever cliff it's trying to do a swan dive off of. That and we tend to "sleep" for thousands if not millions of years between events with no clue to what has happened since the last time we woke so we just kinda bumble around until we get an idea on what to do then try and fix it.

But yeah, Der’ankh is there capital right? they believe the city to be impenetrable so I don't think they'd surrender even if you burned the rest of the country to the ground so nothing but glass remained. Just saying.
>>
No. 549931 ID: b3ca75
File 138548718644.png - (44.55KB , 900x450 , 6.png )
549931

>I'm pretty sure the estranged son he left in Horus' care was killed.
…wait, he had a son? Since when!?
>...and how do we know you won't misuse their power? Desperate people in a military confrontation and ancient powers tend to combine in dangerous ways.
Because I know that this is bigger than my life… bigger than my family… even bigger than my people and the Serath. What we seek to achieve will make the future so much brighter, no matter who is actually in control of tomorrow.
>Only Jericho can use those things properly, that's why you getting all of them is bad.
…who’s Jericho? And why would only he be able to use them? I mean, I’ve already seen them in action once and there wasn’t a Jericho there.

>Der’ankh is there capital right?
What? No. It’s just a minor city… even smaller then Necranest, the city we just burned to the ground. Their capital is called Sidus’bis, which I believe means city of the starts or something.
>They believe the capital to be impenetrable.
Well, good thing we aren’t going to impregnate it, just kind of… well, err… I’m not really good with metaphors but… hmm… take the backdoor into the final resting place?
>What are your demands, anyway? We might be able to convince the slavers to meet them and avoid further bloodshed.
Food, water, weapons and no bloodshed. Just enough so both sides can go away sated.

>Well since you asked if you truly want to know about us I'll give you the cliff notes. We're older then the dirt you're walking on, we helped your gods back when they were still just normal folk...
Um... can you repeat that? You’re kind of getting quieter… and disappearing… um… hello?
:MorkayRUSTED: Shaman? Who are you talking to-

[Player Blue(Hard) has blocked your signal to “The Shaman” for the time being. Please select another character to play:]
[Current pawns: “The Pebble”, “The acolyte”, “The scholar”, “The warrior”]

Insert also known as: Disgusting d, lazy eyes, midget and… err… Jason? Michael? That splatter house guy?_
>>
No. 549934 ID: e9e331

let's head back to the pebble
>>
No. 549935 ID: 7bbaae

>>549931
Huh, looks like Morkay interferes with our signal. Also, he's player Blue. So there's Gray(Shadow), Teal(us), and Blue(Morkay).

Also the demon's demands are reasonable? Who are we actually fighting against...?

Let's connect to the scholar, we haven't talked to him in a while.
>>
No. 549940 ID: dbe554

To the sane one! The Scholar.
>>
No. 549953 ID: fd6ae9

The acolyte.
>>
No. 549957 ID: d315b1

Acolyte.
>>
No. 549982 ID: d7b500

Acolyte. Pebble might be the guy we got killed in character creation, but she's Important in her own way as well I think...
>>
No. 549983 ID: beeca1

Acolyte.

>>549982
Well, yeah, she has a POV, of course she's important.
>>
No. 550040 ID: b3ca75
File 138556608268.png - (19.23KB , 900x450 , 7.png )
550040

>The Acolyte.
:TeraRUST: …so let’s make sure you don’t do the same mistake Ilbir’s last servant made. If you saw a skrang, what would you do?
:JerichoRUSTED: …Run toward solid ground crying, hoping it eat someone else while pissing myself? …err… metaphorical, of course… I can’t really… well… being a mummy and all…
:TeraRUST: …no wonder you guys keep getting eaten by those things! You’re supposed to stay still! It can’t see, so it locates its prey by hearing you move. Stand still and it will just pass you by.
:JerichoRUSTED: …wait, so it’s like you?
:TeraRUST: …It’s nothing like me.
:JerichoRUSTED: …oh, you’re right! Their breath doesn’t smell half as bad as yours! Of course!
:TeraRUST: Well, excuse me for not being a self-cleaning magical being wrapped in cloth!
:JerichoRUSTED: All I’m saying is even we “savages” use a toothbrush from time to time.
:TeraRUST: Gee, I didn’t have time to brush my teeth before we headed out, sooorryyy… Geez, the things I have to put up with…
:JerichoRUSTED: Well, at least you don’t have to put up with your bad breath.
:TeraRUST: Alright, alright, I’ll brush my teeth… jerk…
:JerichoRUSTED: Please, I prefer the term douche.
:TeraRUST: Well then, sir douche, can you please guide me to my bag so I can get my toothbrush?
:JerichoRUSTED: At once, lady bad breath!

>Why do those moons look off.
Wha- oh, it’s you guys… what do you mean, looks off? I… err… I can’t really see what’s you mean by “looks off” but… there are two, right? And they got a bunch of rings on them, right? …or is something wrong with them?
>That's an awful odd arrangement of stars...
…Oh! You mean Aerathin’s belt? That circle of stars in the sky? It is supposedly located right over the center of the world, the place where you are the furthest away from the world wall in all directions… I think the gods put them there in the ancient era because… um… they were gods?
>Oh hell people still can use space travel can't they?
The what travel? What’s space? …you mean the place where the stars are? That’s just silly… I mean, how are you supposed to even get up there!? A ladder?

Insert Snake eater!_
>>
No. 550057 ID: dbe554

Extremely powerful magic that even the old commoners could use in their day to day lives.

But I digress, we shouldn't speak of that. Also you need to learn some tact!
>>
No. 550058 ID: 2f4b71

>>550040
>It is supposedly located right over the center of the world, the place where you are the furthest away from the world wall in all directions
Hang about, what shape is your world. Spherical? Hemispherical? Flat? A toroid?
>>
No. 550059 ID: 9ddf68

glad to see you two are still hitting it off, anything of interest happen since we've been gone or more or less nothing
>>
No. 550062 ID: 7bbaae

>>550040
To reach the void beyond the sky, people usually make little sealed houses and put them on top of giant tanks of fuel that are burned to launch themselves upwards with great force. Well, it's not always fuel. A more advanced method is to use some other stranger form of propulsion.

What the fuck is a world wall? Also, that belt formation looks very much like an eye. I think the tears CAME FROM whatever that is. Hmm. I wonder if those are spaceships in formation, observing the civilization's development?

Oh, and Tera, we just spoke to someone in the demon's army. Their demands are pretty reasonable. "Food, water, weapons and no bloodshed. Just enough so both sides can go away sated." It would essentially mean equality. Which would also require even stricter rationing of water unfortunately. Of course, considering this, I no longer know what the crisis is going to be. Unless the person we spoke to was lied to? Maybe we're just here to prevent an outbreak of full scale war, which, I might add, the demon's army seems quite capable of doing.

Also, apparently the tears have been used once before... the person we spoke to said she had witnessed it. This makes me wonder what they do, exactly.
>>
No. 550070 ID: 13cf39

>>550057
He was teasing her. He's not lacking tact: that playfulness worked quite well for him, did it not?
>>
No. 550071 ID: 96b823

>>550062
Yeah, from what we heard from when we were with shaman Durach it very much seems like he and warlord Mor'kay didn't want to go this far; That what they're doing is closer to "plan K," not "plan B." They hate the bloodshed, but the tribes are backed into a corner as far as they can see and drastic measures are the only possible way out they know of.

I missed asking this earlier, but when Jericho was made a mummy was anything stuffed back in in the place of his brain and organs and such when they were pulled out? 'Cause I was thinking that if there was hollow space in there it could be made into hidden compartments with a bit of work. How feasible does that sound to you, Tera?

Oh, I just noticed that Aerathin's Belt is shaped kinda like an eye, just without an iris. Hmmm... Hey, do you know if one or both of the moons ever align right in front of Aerathin's Belt so it looks like a complete eye? And if they do, how long it is until they do? Or should ask I Ilbir instead, since he's the scholar and all?

Also, I forgot to ask earlier, but where does the water for the Serath's cities come from? I'm assuming it's pumped up from deep aquifer wells, since that's about the only source in this desert I can think of, but there could be other means, possibly magical. Fire magic to boil and desalinate seawater, for one. Uh, should this be something I ask Ilbir as well?
>>
No. 550073 ID: b3ca75
File 138558694062.png - (19.53KB , 900x450 , 8.png )
550073

>You need to learn some tact!
:TeraRUST: (I need to learn tact!? I think you mean that the little pebble needs to learn some tact. I’m as tactful as a raptor in an urn shop, you mean meanie… err… that’s mean?)
>Hang about, what shape is your world. Spherical? Hemispherical? Flat? A toroid?
:TeraRUST: (…err… you think we live on a ball? Wouldn’t we fall off? …and where would you put the world wall that holds up the sky? You’re just silly, you know that? Everyone knows that the world is a cylinder, encased by the world wall, with the sky as roof and the ground as the floor.)
>What the fuck is a world wall?
:TeraRUST: (It a giant wall, taller than the eye can see, made of a mysterious material that cannot even be scratched by the hardest of diamonds. It encircles the world and holds up the sky… also, don’t use that kind of language when you talk to a lady, you fucking… err… shit… um… other swearword?)
>To reach the void beyond the sky, people usually make little sealed houses and put them on top of giant tanks of fuel that are burned to launch themselves upwards with great force.
:TeraRUST: (…either you’re crazy, or that’s supposed to be some weird joke, right?)
>Anything of interest happen since we've been gone or more or less nothing.
:TeraRUST: (Well… we arrived where the ruins would be, found some old stone tablet thingy, set up camp and now the servant is digging after the entrance… thought we’re probably going to explore after we’ve got some shut eyes.)

:JerichoRUSTED: Ow… my head hurts…
:TeraRUST: Hmmm? What, like a pounding?
:JerichoRUSTED: …no… it’s more like… just hurting...
:TeraRUST: Oh, it’s sounds like you’re about to fail to do something you was ordered to do. Did you forget to do some- wait, no… you can’t forget your orders… hmm…
:JerichoRUSTED: Can’t it just be a normal headache?
:TeraRUST: Pebble, sweetie, you’re dead. A bit late to get a hangover.
:JerichoRUSTED: …can I even get drunk?
:TeraRUST: I don’t think so…
:JerichoRUSTED: …well, nuts, there goes my favorite hobby…

Insert To be fair, a zombie and someone with a hangover is hard to differentiate_
>>
No. 550076 ID: 9ddf68

oh I just figured it out, tell the pebble you know how he said he'd make sure the shadow didn't sleep with anyone... well if you tell him to look behind him he can see that's about to go down the drain.
>>
No. 550077 ID: d7b500

...Just a thought, but Shadow's behind him talking to one of the mercenaries and the conversation took a turn towards love-making.
Miiiight be he's supposed to intervene in that.
He's the far 'life' signal above and 'roughly' in front of you, Tera.
>>
No. 550085 ID: 7bbaae

>>550073
Point out that the Shadow is flirting with that mercenary. Hey, what's the tablet say?

Also, your world is obviously artificial. Gravity is not just a downwards force- all objects with mass attract eachother to some degree via gravity. Large objects have more gravity, and thus you would be attracted to the surface of a massive sphere enough that you could stand upon it. Natural worlds form spheres, because they are made over billions of years, when rocks floating in space clump together due to gravity and fuse. I'm guessing that the moons are more like power stations or monitoring stations or something. Hey, has the world always been a desert? If not, then we're dealing with a failing machine. Maybe our foe this time is entropy itself.
>>
No. 550087 ID: fd6ae9

>Why do those moons look off.
Because that's no moon, obviously.

>the furthest away from the world wall in all directions
...wait. You mean the world is a flat disk, with walls around the edge to keep the air from falling off?

Geeze, how does gravity work. You can't just spin it like a ring or cylinder. Spin it around always facing the sun and rely on centrifugal force? But then what's keeping it facing radially inward. And you need a mechanism to simulate the day night cycle.

I need more information! Tell us what you know about global geography.

>the very next post
Okay, cylinder then. It can work like Rama, without the staircases up the 'walls' at each end. Although how they're faking a sun-cycle is still tricky.

...wait, which part of the cylinder is inhabited? The inner curve (gravity by rotating along the axis). Or the disks? (Spinning end over end).

End over end is the less typical arrangement, but you could stick a star (or pseduo star) in the middle, arrange a series of baffles between the star and the surface for day / night cycles, and thee would be a 'center' of the world of the ring of stars to float over (there isn't a central pole to the curved face, just a middle line).
>>
No. 550089 ID: d315b1

>>550073
Cockblock mode engage. We must prevent Shadow from getting laid at all costs.

Try telling Theen that Shadow's actually a dude in disguise. I don't think he's gay.
>>
No. 550093 ID: 7bbaae

>>550087
It's a cylinder, but they're living on the inside of one of the flat sides. The sky is the flat side above them, and the walls are the curved surface.
>>
No. 550108 ID: 76b151

Hmm, I wonder. With the rust every it could be possible we are in a worldship of some kind.
>>
No. 550149 ID: b3ca75
File 138565527072.png - (20.22KB , 900x450 , 9.png )
550149

>when Jericho was made a mummy was anything stuffed back in in the place of his brain and organs and such when they were pulled out? 'Cause I was thinking that if there was hollow space in there it could be made into hidden compartments with a bit of work. How feasible does that sound to you, Tera?
:TeraRUST: (Sure, it’s possible to use it as storage space, it just needs some work. In fact, I know someone who made her undead servant into a walking drinking cabinet… a bit degrading, sure, but at least he keeps the drinks cold…)
>I just noticed that Aerathin's Belt is shaped kinda like an eye, just without an iris. Hmmm... Hey, do you know if one or both of the moons ever align right in front of Aerathin's Belt so it looks like a complete eye?
:TeraRUST: (Um… wouldn’t that depend on where you were standing? I mean, if you’re right under it just an perfect circle… and the moons are a lot further away then those stars…)
>Where does the water for the Serath's cities come from?
:TeraRUST: (Water pumps, mostly. Some of the bigger ones are even old enough to be from the ancient times… of course, the tribals keeps wrecking them, claiming they are a disgrace to their gods or some such, but we’re trying to protect them as well as we can.)

>Hey, what's the tablet say?
:TeraRUST: (No idea, you have to ask Ilbir about that… though, he didn’t seem to interested in it either.)
>Also, your world is obviously artificial.
:TeraRUST: (Of course it is! The gods created it in the beginning!)
>Hey, has the world always been a desert?
:TeraRUST: (The world? You mean this country? Well, Ilbir said something about it being a jungle in ancient times but… um…)
>Tell us what you know about global geography.
:TeraRUST: (Well, geography isn’t my strong suit but… hmm… let’s see… to the east are the great jungles of Kuranday, to the west there’s mostly plains and tundra, to the south lies the Geranmol marches… witch I believe is where our mercenary friends are from… oh, and to the north are the four kingdoms… I’ve heard that frozen water falls from the sky there under the wet season, but that’s just bullshit, right?)
>Horizon.
:TeraRUST: (Of course we have a horizon. I mean, otherwise we would see forever, right?)
>...wait, which part of the cylinder is inhabited?
:TeraRUST: (Um… the floor? I think you called it a disk?)

>Cockblock mode engage.
:TeraRUST: Um… I think shadow is about to get some action over there…
:JerichoRUSTED: Oh right, I’m supposed to look after him… Hey you! Mercenary person! Stop that! She will just try to hurt you!
:TheenRUST: Oh Really?~
:JerichoRUSTED: Err… she will be very mean?
:TheenRUST: You know, you’re very bad at trying to convince me to not bed her.
:TeraRUST: That’s a dude!
:TheenRUST: …what?
:ShadowRUST: She lies because she’s jealous. Come now, let’s have some fun~
:JerichoRUSTED: That’s a dude, he got a dick. I can’t lie, I’m a servant, remember!?
:TheenRUST: But… she doesn’t… but she does kind of smell like… wait… make up!? Whoa! You’re a dude!? Err… I don’t swing that way? …and you know, I don’t have anything against you… you know… but trying to trick people into bed by pretending to be a woman!? Not Cool!
:ShadowRUST: B-but I… w-what… but… fine, be that way, sellsword. As for you, slave, here I thought we could be friends, but nooo, you had to side with that wimp! My revenge will be swift and brutal!
:TeraRUST: Um… I’m pretty sure I’m the one who cock blocked you…
:ShadowRUST: Swift and brutal for both of you! Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to plan my revenge! OF DOOM!
:TheenRUST: …wow, does he love to chew the scenery or what?

Insert Let’s sing the doom song!_
>>
No. 550151 ID: dbe554

The Aerathin's Belt just disappeared.

Also seems the male mantid merc is on the scene, swoon appropriately.
>>
No. 550159 ID: fd6ae9

>but that’s just bullshit, right?
Nope. In places where it's cold enough, rain freezes before it ever comes down. It covers the ground in this white powdery stuff- like shaved ice.

Although I can understand how absurd precipitation, let alone crazy variations on it, would sound to someone who's lived their life in the desert.

>horizon, see forever
Well, actually, there are resolution limits to vision even on an infinite flat plane.

Still, that raises the question of the inhabited disk is flat or curved. (An inwards curve would give a horizon that behaves the same as on an inhabited planet. It would also means the walls connect to the lowest point, meaning there's likely an ocean ring preventing the inhabitants from easily examining it).

>Swift and brutal for both of you!
They're under our protection, Shadow. Cross a line we don't want you crossing and we'll make sure people you don't want to will hear your secret. Kind of hard to stop insubstantial voices from talking.
>>
No. 550171 ID: 9ddf68

is everyone watching those two now?
>>
No. 550181 ID: b3ca75
File 138567747432.png - (17.01KB , 900x450 , 10.png )
550181

>The Aerathin's Belt just disappeared.
:TeraRUST: (Well, duh, of course it did. The sun is rising and you usually don’t see the stars in the day. Um… of course, I don’t see them at night either but… yeah… you get the idea…)
>In places where it's cold enough, rain freezes before it ever comes down.
:TeraRUST: (Rain? …oh, right, I’ve heard about that! It’s when water falls from the sky, right? I’ve heard they have a lot of that down in the Geranmol marches… I’ve always wanted to experience it myself…)
>They're under our protection, Shadow. Cross a line we don't want you crossing and we'll make sure people you don't want to will hear your secret.
:TeraRUST: (Err… I’m pretty sure she isn’t listening to you guys… in fact, at the moment, it seems like only I can hear you.)

>Also seems the male mantid merc is on the scene, swoon appropriately.
:TeraRUST: (…swoon? Why would I…? I mean, I barely know the guy… and he called me a bunch of weird names… and he sounds really feminine… err… sorry, I shouldn’t talk like that about people I don’t know…)
:ThaarkRUST: Why greetings, graceful little desert blossom, is all well?
:TeraRUST: …wait, are you talking to me?
:ThaarkRUST: Of course, delicate butterfly, who else would I be talking to? In fact, who else would be more important right now than you, my exquisite lady?
:TeraRUST: Um… well… the sunrise is rather important, right? …not to mention beautiful… at least, so I’ve heard.
:ThaarkRUST: Ah, yes, the rising of the sun over the moonlit dunes… it’s truly breathtaking to see a new dawn begin, bathing the worlds beauty in its light… but it’s nothing compared to the awe inspiring… nay, mythical beauty that you hold, my most stunning desert flower! They will write songs and tales about how your splendor changed the course of history, how wars was started and ended by the mere mention of your beautiful name, Tera… but, oh how I babble on… let me offer you a drink… as gratitude for allowing me to enjoy your presence, desert flower…
:JerichoRUSTED: *Cough*
:ThaarkRUST: Oh, and for your servant too, of course!
:TeraRUST: Err… wha…?

Insert Purple prose is a cool name for a band_
>>
No. 550183 ID: fd6ae9

>Err… I’m pretty sure she isn’t listening to you guys… in fact, at the moment, it seems like only I can hear you.
Sorry. That kind of thing is hard for us to keep track of.

>Err… wha…?
He's trying to flatter you.
>>
No. 550186 ID: dbe554

Tell him he's trying to lay it on too thick, the purple prose is so thick you could likely cut it with a knife .
>>
No. 550187 ID: 96c896

>>550181
Ask him if he treats all the ladies like this.
>>
No. 550190 ID: b3ca75
File 138568292937.png - (17.53KB , 900x450 , 11.png )
550190

>He's trying to flatter you.
:TeraRUST: (He is? Huh… I’ve never had anyone hit on me before… being a blind necromancer and all… is this the way it’s usually goes? Because I’m not really charmed…)
:TeraRUST: So… do you treat all the ladies you fancy like this or?
:ThaarkRUST: Oh, only the special ones, my dear desert blossom...
:TheenRUST: So that bar maid down in-
:ThaarkRUST: Not now, Theen.
:TeraRUST: And all that purple prose?
:ThaarkRUST: Well…
:JerichoRUSTED: Drowning everyone you deem special in purple prose isn’t really the best way to make friends, you know.
:ThaarkRUST: …sorry if I laid it out a bit think, desert flower, but… well… if you want to have it blunt then… I think you’re beautiful and have an interesting personality, fancy a drink so we can get to know each other better?

Insert It’s like a mace!_
>>
No. 550191 ID: fd6ae9

Your call. Trying to meddle less with making this kind of decision for other people.

That said, it really wouldn't hurt, would it?
>>
No. 550192 ID: 9ddf68

>>550181
ok sorry I'm late but I noticed something behind the cart here and I'm not sure as to what it is.

as to her, uh, his offer... why not, unless you don't like drinking or something. just have Jericho stick close to you as I have a bad feeling right now.
>>
No. 550194 ID: 96c896

>>550190
I would be careful. He has some sort of plan to get Ilbir killed.

Speaking of which, where'd Ilbir and his mantis friend go? I think I saw something mantis-related over by that tent by those guards a minute ago.
>>
No. 550196 ID: 96b823

>>550192
That looked like a mantis arm. Kranhon's, I think. I guess he was crawling into that tent behind the cart.

>>550194
Actually, Ilbir mentioned to us that he's paying Thaark and company off to ignore whoever is paying to have him killed. What Thaark is looking to pull off is some convoluted plan to get paid by all sides and get away with it. Just who dies or not in that plan I have no idea, so we'll have to keep an eye on everyone, but that's what we do anyway.
>>
No. 550200 ID: 7bbaae

>>550196
Actually he's not just trying to get paid by everyone, he's trying to complete everyone's contract, because if he doesn't it'll hurt his reputation.
>>
No. 550202 ID: dbe554

A cool refreshing drink sounds nice.
>>
No. 550214 ID: 96b823

>>550200
Okay, I must have missed that. Well, either way we must be vigilant.

Tera, go along and have a chat with Thaark, but keep Jericho near you, and stay out in the open. We don't trust him, but calling him out on what he's trying to do will not help. Maybe we'll learn something from talking to him that'll give insight into what he's up to.

Also, don't drink anything he offers; You dunno what's in it, and even if there isn't anything more than alcohol being even slightly inebriated would be bad right now. Make an excuse, like you're a real lightweight and get horribly hungover afterwards, or that you prefer tea, and make sure Jericho is the only one to handle and prepare anything you drink.
>>
No. 550260 ID: b3ca75
File 138574689390.png - (18.52KB , 900x450 , 12.png )
550260

>Where'd Ilbir and his mantis friend go?
:TeraRUST: (I think they crawled into their tent to sleep. We’ve been riding all night and they wanted to get some shut eye before they started exploring the ruins. In fact, I’m pretty tired myself, too…)
>He has some sort of plan to get Ilbir killed.
:TeraRUST: (What!?)
>Actually he's not just trying to get paid by everyone, he's trying to complete everyone's contract, because if he doesn't it'll hurt his reputation.
:TeraRUST: (Um… I’m pretty sure Ilbir contract specifies that he must be alive… so… unless you’ve misunderstood something, finishing both contracts and killing Ilbir would be impossible.)

>Don't drink anything he offers.
:TeraRUST: Actually… I’m not really a drinker…
:ThaarkRUST: I can offer you some tea, if you want.
:TeraRUST: I’m going to bed in a minute… so… you know what?
>A cool refreshing drink sounds nice.
:TeraRUST: Pebble, get me some water, sweetie.
:JerichoRUSTED: Right away.
:TeraRUST: So… got anywhere we can sit down and discuss thi-
:JerichoRUSTED: Ow…
:TeraRUST: Pebble?
:JerichoRUSTED: My head started to hurt again…

:ShadowRUST: Out of my way, slave!
:AdilRUSTED: Wait, we weren’t supposed to go down there alo-
:ShadowRUST: I don’t care, I’m going down into the ruins and you’re not stopping me, slave.

Insert Spelunking in the tight dark cave of wonders_
>>
No. 550261 ID: d7b500

Someone get Shadow and tie him up. And tell Pebble everytime he gets a headache, it's because Shadow's getting up to no good...
Hrrm-that reminds me, have we told you about the 'other' voices? Tera?
>>
No. 550268 ID: 96b823

Dammit, Shadow! After we catch up with him I swear we're gonna bind, gag, and stuff him into a burlap sack in a locked chest for the rest of this expedition! ...For his safety, of course.

Make a direct order to Adil (the ghoul servant) to restrain Shadow and bring him back to camp. If Adil isn't immediately able to, then ask your mantis admirer if he'd help you out in dealing with Shadow. Perhaps that lizard merc would care to help as well, if it'll mean tying Shadow up.

>>550261
Uh, yeah, we probably should. Tera, you should know there's other spirits similar to us working in the world to their own ends, and Shadow is one of them. She's stuck to Prince Eliraz and can take direct control at times, such as now. Jericho made a promise to the prince earlier to protect him from her antics while on this expedition.
>>
No. 550280 ID: 7bbaae

>>550260
When does each contract expire? If Ilbir's expires before the other one, then there's a timeframe he can work in. Also, he said he would make it look like an accident. The exact wording of each contract could be important as well.

As for the Shadow, maybe you should just have Jericho tail her for a while to keep her out of trouble. We can be your eyes instead.
>>
No. 550281 ID: fd6ae9

> he's trying to complete everyone's contract, because if he doesn't it'll hurt his reputation.
That's also not right. He has no problem with one party ending up dead. Dead people can't bash his rep, and they can't stop him from collecting his money.

Ideally, we should have been trying to persuade him to side with our party, not pushing him away.

Jericho, maybe you should follow Shadow. You told the prince you'd try and stop her from doing anything crazy.
>>
No. 550282 ID: b3ca75
File 138576400308.png - (17.44KB , 900x450 , 13.png )
550282

>Dammit, Shadow! After we catch up with him I swear we're gonna bind, gag, and stuff him into a burlap sack in a locked chest for the rest of this expedition!
:TeraRUST: (Isn’t that a bit… extreme?)
>Make a direct order to Adil to restrain Shadow and bring him back to camp.
:TeraRUST: (Err… I can’t order him around. He’s Kranhon’s servant… besides, Shadow is already gone. Too late for Adil to do anything.)
>Prince Eliraz.
:TeraRUST: (WHAT!? That’s the prince!? Holy shit, what’s he doing out here!?)

>As for the Shadow, maybe you should just have Jericho tail her for a while to keep her out of trouble. We can be your eyes instead.
:TeraRUST: Pebble, make sure shadow doesn’t hurt himself.
:JerichoRUSTED: But-
:TeraRUST: I’ll be fine, don’t worry about me.
:JerichoRUSTED: Alright, I’ll be going then.
>Ask your mantis admirer if he'd help you out in dealing with Shadow.
:ThaarkRUST: There’s nothing in the contract about exploring ruins.
:TheenRUST: No way I’m getting my tail inside that booby trapped deathtrap.
:ThaarkRUST: …but for you, desert flower… wait… How big is the hole down to the ruins?
:AdilRUSTED: Not big. Don’t think you’ll fit, my lord.
:ThaarkRUST: …well, even if I wanted to… sorry, desert blossom.
:AdilRUSTED: If I’m not needed… I think I need to help my friend down there…

>When does each contract expire? If Ilbir's expires before the other one, then there's a timeframe he can work in.
:TeraRUST: Um… actually, speaking of getting to know each other better, about those contracts…
:ThaarkRUST: Sorry, gorgeous, but on my honor, I can’t reveal that kind of information.
:TeraRUST: But how can I trust you?
:ThaarkRUST: All I can give is my word, my fair lady… trust me…
:TeraRUST:
:ThaarkRUST: …alright, fine. Let’s just say one of the contracts was several pages long and very detailed…
:TeraRUST: Ilbir’s contract…
:ThaarkRUST: Maybe… the other, on the other hand, was very… brief… Was that enough information for you to trust me?
:TeraRUST: Not really…
:ThaarkRUST: Pffh… what do I need to do to earn your trust!?

Insert It’s a matter of trust…
>>
No. 550284 ID: 7bbaae

>>550282
...oh god I AM DUMB.

He's not planning to backstab Ilbir. He's planning to backstab Aviris, because the contract said Ilbir is supposed to have an "accident" and the artifacts given to the "rightful" parties. Aviris's contract uses vague language and Thaark is taking advantage of that.

It doesn't help that Thaark didn't tell us exactly who he was backstabbing. We just kindof assumed.

But hey, you've got a free request from him. You could get permission to feel his face? Mask's in the way though.
>>
No. 550287 ID: fd6ae9

>WHAT!? That’s the prince!?
Oh, whups, that was sorta supposed to be a secret.

Don't let on that you know, if you could. The only way we ever have to control Shadow is threatening to tell people about that. And well, if it's already out... not so good for leverage.

Also, don't hold Shadow's actions against the prince. They're sort of different people.

>what do I need to do to earn your trust?
Well, perhaps know you for more than a few minutes, outside of a mercenary situation.
>>
No. 550293 ID: 96b823

What would it take to trust him? Behaving in the manner of a trustworthy gentleman, getting to know him better, and time. That's it. But in the immediate he could get you a cup of water and lead you into the shade so you two could chat.

>>550287
...What? Aw, crap, I blew that one. I didn't think it was a secret like that and we could share it with Tera. Sorry, guys. I'll double-check before dropping info next time.

Tera, best keep the fact that Shadow is actually some kind of spirit that occasionally controls Prince Eliraz under your proverbial hat.

There is one thing I'm wondering: Does Ilbir know that Shadow is Prince Eliraz? Tera, next chance you get could you tell Ilbir what happened out here before he falls asleep. If Ilbir does know it's the prince then he'll practically fly out of tent and start barking orders to get after him, since he knows he'll literally lose his head if the prince dies down there.

>>550284
Good call. We'll have to check with Ilbir at some point to confirm how thick that contract was, but that's probably what Thaark is pulling. Hopefully the contract with Aviris is in writing, signed and sealed, so he can't wriggle out of it.
>>
No. 550294 ID: 9ddf68

well not much else we could do so might as well ask the big mantis guy to help you back to your tent. If you don't trust him to do that know that we'll... more then likely be there to point out if he's doing anything odd. I say more then likely because as of late we're having a bitch of a time jumping from person to person.
>>
No. 550382 ID: b3ca75
File 138582939553.png - (18.49KB , 900x450 , 14.png )
550382

>Tera, best keep the fact that Shadow is actually some kind of spirit that occasionally controls Prince Eliraz under your proverbial hat.
:TeraRUST: (Yeah, let’s not go around ranting about how the prince is possessed by an evil spirit… don’t want to seem too crazy, right?)
>Does Ilbir know that Shadow is Prince Eliraz? Tera, next chance you get could you tell Ilbir what happened out here before he falls asleep.
:TeraRUST: (He probably doesn’t know… and even if I tell him, why would he believe me?)

>He could get you a cup of water and lead you into the shade so you two could chat.
:TeraRUST: Well… to start, can you be dear and get me some water and lead me to the shade? It’s starting to get hot in the sun.
:ThaarkRUST: Ah, yes, of course. Right this way.
>But hey, you've got a free request from him. You could get permission to feel his face? Mask's in the way though.
:TeraRUST: …and another thing… can I feel your face?
:ThaarkRUST: …huh?
:TeraRUST: Feel your face… so I know how you look like? Without the mask…
:ThaarkRUST: I… um… I-I… I d-don’t…
:TeraRUST: …You don’t have to, if you don’t want to...
:ThaarkRUST: …no, it’s f-fine… here… f-feel away…
:TeraRUST:

:ThuulRUST: Hey, servant, how far down into the ruins can they go?
:UnknownKAK: Not far, my lord, the main entrance is still blocked, so there’s just a few meters of corridor that’s accessible right now.
:ThuulRUST: Well… if the boss is to big…
:TheenRUST: Stop being stupid, Thuul.

Insert Do you want to know how I got these scars?_
>>
No. 550402 ID: 7bbaae

>>550382
Wow. He's a bit of a mess. Why hasn't he gotten that healed? You guys do have healing magic, right?
>>
No. 550403 ID: fd6ae9

>He probably doesn’t know… and even if I tell him, why would he believe me?
He doesn't know. But if we had to prove it to him: that's why Shadow had rights to order Jericho around, which he couldn't figure out.

>face
...he's blind in one eye, isn't he. Something in common with you.
>>
No. 550405 ID: dbe554

That is one long, jagged gash across his face, crossing over his eye and down to his mandibles.

I almost wonder if it's battle related or self-inflicted as part of their training.

Either way, poor guy.
>>
No. 550408 ID: b3ca75
File 138585371101.png - (26.31KB , 900x450 , 15.png )
550408

>Wow. He's a bit of a mess. Why hasn't he gotten that healed? You guys do have healing magic, right?
:TeraRUST: (Um… we do have some magical salves and the like… but wounds like these will leave a scar no matter what you do. Hmm… I can also feel some necromantic magic within him… both of his front legs and his left hand is dead tissue animated with magic… he probably had them reattached and animated after getting them cut off.)
>...he's blind in one eye, isn't he. Something in common with you.
:TeraRUST: (He’s not so much blind on it as missing it completely, instead he has a piece of metal crafted over his empty socket.)
>I almost wonder if it's battle related or self-inflicted as part of their training.
:TeraRUST: (All his scars are different ages, so I’m guessing it isn’t self-inflicted.)

>He doesn't know. But if we had to prove it to him: that's why Shadow had rights to order Jericho around, which he couldn't figure out.
:TeraRUST: (Hmm… I should probably talk to him before he gets to comfy with Kranhon.)
:TeraRUST: …thank you for letting me feel you… I understand it wasn’t easy to show yourself like that.
:ThuulRUST: Well, that sounded dirty… are you guys rehearsing an adult only theater play, boss?
:ThaarkRUST: …thank you for ruining the moment, Thuul…
:TeraRUST: If you’ll excuse me, I’ll need to go and talk to Ilbir for a second while you deal with your personal cock blocking brigade- I mean, coworkers… yes, coworkers… *cough* err… see you later?
:ThuulRUST: …Did she jus-
:ThaarkRUST: I’m starting to like her more and more.

---[Changing Pawn: The Pebble]---

:JerichoRUSTED: Are you sure there isn’t anything more?
:AdilRUSTED: The passage is completely blocked. Unless she can pass through walls she would have been stuck here.
:JerichoRUSTED: Hmm…

Insert She passed the fourth one and is coming for you… yes, you… the one in a green t-shirt_
>>
No. 550409 ID: 7bbaae

>>550408
The floor under the eye is different. I suspect there is a secret passage there. Check the sword stuck in the ground.
>>
No. 550410 ID: fd6ae9

More ancient ruins. And I'm sure the two of you have such fond memories of the last one.

There's a small little red something on the plateau of sand right in front of you, Jer.
>>
No. 550418 ID: b3ca75
File 138585886843.png - (27.56KB , 900x450 , 16.png )
550418

>More ancient ruins. And I'm sure the two of you have such fond memories of the last one.
Meh, the last one wasn’t deadly enough. This one, on the other hand, is clearly my favorite ruin so far. I hope die horribly somewhere down these dark, pungent corridors… oh, wait, I’m already dead…
>There's a small little red something on the plateau of sand right in front of you, Jer.
It’s… it’s… um… some kind of playing card? It’s made of some really weird material… I can’t really place it… and there’s a symbol on it. I guess it’s the old language?
[You received weird playing card!]
>The floor under the eye is different. I suspect there is a secret passage there. Check the sword stuck in the ground.
Hmm… let’s see what happens if I-

:JerichoRUSTED: OH GODS, It’s a trap!!
:AdilRUSTED: Don’t worry, old friend, I got you!
:JerichoRUSTED: Whew… remind me to stop being stupid li- BEHIND YOU!
:AdilRUSTED: Huh? What ar- hngt!
:JerichoRUSTED: AAAAA-
>>
No. 550419 ID: b3ca75
File 138585888828.png - (2.56KB , 900x450 , 17.png )
550419

:JerichoRUSTED: -AAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaa…. Um… wait… I think I’ve already landed… I guess being dead has its advantages?

Insert Hello darkness, my old friend… I’ve come to talk with you again…_
>>
No. 550420 ID: d94dea

Well fuck.
>>
No. 550421 ID: fd6ae9

Oh geeze, poor Adil. I hope he didn't get killed. Again.

>Hello darkness
...cue mage-light?
>>
No. 550422 ID: 7bbaae

>>550419
Can't see shit captain. Use your light if you've got it. If not, uh... fire magic maybe? Also, if Adil just died again and wasn't simply wounded, I'm thinking that masked man is not our friend, and the artifacts should remain buried. Man, we need to talk to the shaman again to find out what they do exactly.
>>
No. 550423 ID: d315b1

>>550422
I suspect that fire magic would end badly, since we're probably the most flammable object in the room.
>>
No. 550427 ID: 96b823

Aw, geez. Poor Adil. I hope he isn't dead-dead. Getting run through with a sword normally wouldn't do much to a ghoul, but going by that pale blue flame I suspect that blade was enchanted, and who knows what effect it had.

Okay, first check that your legs are working right. You're a mummy and all but a long fall could still mess them up.

Next look up to see if that trapdoor closed after you; It should be lit up by the lantern. If it's still open then you could yell as hard as you can to get somebody's attention; Adil's, if he was just stunned, or Thaark's since he was next to the hole down last we were up there. Then pull out and activate your glowing crystal. (You still have that, right?)

Yanno, I kinda think Shadow didn't even go this way. If she had there wouldn't have been any sand at all on top of that trapdoor before you triggered it. Though I dunno where else she could have gone.

Oh, and what would you say to having the empty space in your body (and maybe head) converted into extra inventory space at some point? Tera told us it's possible with a bit of work.
>>
No. 550434 ID: 9ddf68

did you plan ahead and brings some kind of light or are we going to have to wing it?
>>
No. 550456 ID: b3ca75
File 138590811023.png - (19.72KB , 900x450 , 18.png )
550456

>Well fuck.
My thoughts exactly!
>I'm thinking that masked man is not our friend, and the artifacts should remain buried.
Yeah, he is jerk… but… um… wait, how do we know he really wants to unearth the artifacts? I mean, killing Adil and dropping me down here doesn’t really help us find any of the artifacts, now does it?
>Oh geeze, poor Adil. I hope he didn't get killed. Again.
He was engulfed in the same kind of magical fire as that undead guardian thing I killed. I’m guessing he’s gone for good this time… strangely, I don’t really feel sad about it…

>what would you say to having the empty space in your body (and maybe head) converted into extra inventory space at some point?
My pragmatic side says yes… and my emotional side says that would be really sweet… so let’s do it, I guess? Of course, I don’t really have anything to put inside… err… myself right now. The only stuff I got right now is the light stone, that dagger the princess gave me and the stun rod the prince gave me… and some coins…
>Check that your legs are working right. You're a mummy and all but a long fall could still mess them up.
Fully functional… I think… at least I can stand and move around without problem.
>Look up to see if that trapdoor closed after you; It should be lit up by the lantern.
All I see is darkness.

>Use your light if you've got it.
:JerichoRUSTED: Let there be light!!

:JerichoRUSTED: …is that water? I’ve never seen this much water…

*Scribble scribble*
“And so it came to past, that the slave fell from the light into the abyss. There the only escape is to reflect upon thyself, and defeat the darkness within.”
:JerichoRUSTED: …Dammit, book, stop being so cryptic!

Insert Remember, when talking about those that died, remain as cryptic as possible_
>>
No. 550457 ID: d7b500

...defeat the darkness within?
Hrrm. Sounds like a mirror match against your darkness is coming, somehow?
Maybe try to freeze some of this water, as much as you can-you're going to want to have space to move, even if it is slippery.
>>
No. 550465 ID: ec2e47

>>550457
Maybe darkness within refers to the Shadow?

About darkness/light inside, are your eye sockets hollow? If so you could possibly store your light crystal in your skull to free up your hands while using your own eyes as a light source.
>>
No. 550469 ID: fd6ae9

>There the only escape is to reflect upon thyself
Try peering at your reflection in the water. That do anything?
>>
No. 550470 ID: 9ddf68

do the eye's look like they do anything because I'm fairly sure there that sitting on your ass looking back on your life wont really help you.

Also to use ice magic just think of slowing the world around you down and the rest should just happen... at least that's how it was told to us.
>>
No. 550476 ID: b3ca75
File 138592070470.png - (22.52KB , 900x450 , 19.png )
550476

>Are your eye sockets hollow? If so you could possibly store your light crystal in your skull to free up your hands while using your own eyes as a light source.
I still got eyes, you know… besides, wouldn’t it just be easier to stick it in my clothes?
>Try peering at your reflection in the water. That do anything?
…It’s too murky to make a good reflection. In fact, now when I’m looking closer, the water is filled with some kind of green stuff…
>Do the eye's look like they do anything?
They are crying on some… um… I’m guessing those are skulls… otherwise, no, they aren’t doing anything this Friday.
>Maybe try to freeze some of this water, to use ice magic just think of slowing the world around you.
Slow… yes… I felt the world slow down last time I casted ice magic… slow… slow the water… its working! I froze it! I think it will support my weight and… wait, I think I see something over there… a hole in the wall…



What is this? A room made of metal? What are those things on the wall?

Insert Behind the scenes_
>>
No. 550478 ID: 76b151

Its the third, and most insidious magic. Technology. Instead of any one person casting a spell it takes generations upon generations building upon each others previous findings to get to that level. You can make wonders with it that begger the mind however.

... lets got inspect that door and the panel beside it.
>>
No. 550479 ID: fd6ae9

Yes, it's possible to build out of metal just as one can build out of cloth or wood or stone. Granted, the techniques involved are more advanced.

The thing to the left of the door is likely some kind of control mechanism. Switches and levers and buttons that control the operation of the door (like the kind you normally find in temples and ruins, just smaller and more sophisticated). The wires that connect the panel to the door are what allow them to communicate.

Can you make out anything on the panel? What buttons there are, or if there's any text to read?
>>
No. 550480 ID: 9ddf68

oh sweet an electronic door, didn't think we'd see one of those this time around, what with the world seeming to have falling back to mid-evil level of technology instead of the space fairing folk of you ancestors were capable of. look at the thing next to it and see if you can't or more likely we can't figure it out.
>>
No. 550481 ID: b3ca75
File 138592189310.png - (22.55KB , 900x450 , 20.png )
550481

>It’s the third, and most insidious magic. Technology.
I wouldn’t call technology magic… I mean, my spear is a kind of technology, but it isn’t magic, right?
>The thing to the left of the door is likely some kind of control mechanism.
That’s a door? It looks like some weird colored wall…
>Can you make out anything on the panel? What buttons there are, or if there's any text to read?
Hmm… there’s a glowing picture here… It says “Locked” and then there’s a picture of a hand holding a rectangle with a black rectangle within it up to… um… I think it’s this thing. So I’m supposed to hold up a weird rectangle within a rectangle to open the door?

Insert Are you a wizard?_
>>
No. 550482 ID: beeca1

>>550481
Sufficiently advanced technology is indeed magic, and that looks like it. It needs a passcard. Look around for a small rectangle with someone's identification on it.
>>
No. 550483 ID: fd6ae9

Your spear doesn't seem like magic to you, but it would be to someone who had never seen or imagined a spear.

You have more reach! You can puncture or cut things you could never hope to with your hands!

Technology seems unimpressive, if you understand it, or are familiar with it.
>>
No. 550485 ID: 9ddf68

wait, didn't you find a weird playing card earlier? use that to swipe the card lock (the thing you are looking at) to try and open the door.
>>
No. 550487 ID: b3ca75
File 138592484179.png - (24.60KB , 900x450 , 21.png )
550487

>Sufficiently advanced technology is indeed magic, and that looks like it.
Right, it’s technological magic, happy now?
>It needs a passcard. Look around for a small rectangle with someone's identification on it.
Hmm… can’t find anything in here…
>Wait, didn't you find a weird playing card earlier?
Oh yeah! It got a small black rectangle on it! Wait, let me…
*Swoosh*
It worked! The door is open!

Insert Protip: Blue pills are for pussies_
>>
No. 550494 ID: 9ddf68

huh, it seems some shit went down here, anyways anything of interest on the dead body and what does the plaque say behind the big ass statue? Then we can work on finding out where these doors go to, just be careful with the one in the top left of the room as one of the wires seems to be cut.
>>
No. 550497 ID: d2995c

Interesting, that skull seems to have some metal parts.
If the body doesn't have anything interesting, check the doors on the right first.
>>
No. 550498 ID: fd6ae9

Read the writing on the wall there, and the check the body.

Then we can see about checking the other doors. 4 of them have green lights, and should work. One has a dead control panel and a severed wire, though.

...I suppose you could always try reattaching them. What's a little electricity going to do to a dead body?
>>
No. 550500 ID: 7bbaae

>>550487
Yep, this place is broken. Someone detached those wires up there. I wonder how wise it would be to reattach them? We don't know what they do yet.

Check the material of the statue. It doesn't appear to be rusted.
>>
No. 550505 ID: b3ca75
File 138593324899.png - (24.23KB , 900x450 , 22.png )
550505

>Anything of interest on the dead body?
The non-metal parts of the body turn to dust as soon as I touch it. It seems to have been lying here undisturbed for a very long time. Anything of value would have likely been taken by time ages ago.
>That skull seems to have some metal parts.
Indeed it does… I’ve seen others with metal on their body, but never as… integrated like this. It’s almost like they turned the bone into metal.
>Check the material of the statue. It doesn't appear to be rusted.
It’s some kind of stone. I’m not really a stone expert so…

>Read the writing on the wall there.
Hey, it’s a map for this place! Let’s see…
Top right: Exit… Top left: Entertainment…
Middle right: Automatic systems… Middle left: quarters.
Bottom right: Storage… Bottom left: Main control hub.
>Check the doors.
I can’t reach the top left one, the one labeled entertainment, thanks to a rusty ladder. Unless I find some other way up there that door is of limits. All the others except the top right is fully functional.
>One door has a dead control panel and a severed wire, though... I suppose you could always try reattaching them. What's a little electricity going to do to a dead body?
Um… I guess you wanted me to make sure the copper touch the copper on the red wires, right? …of course, nothing seems to happen anyway… maybe it’s missing a cog or something inside?

Insert Glue some cogs to it and call it steam punk_
>>
No. 550507 ID: fd6ae9

>copper to copper
Yup, that's right. A signal of the same stuff lightning is made of is supposed to travel along the metal wires. It's how the machines communicate. The outer coating is to protect people and equipment, and prevent the current from going anywhere else.

>maybe it’s missing a cog or something inside?
Might be. That kind of problem is hard to diagnose without the right tools, though.

Let's try going down a level and checking the quarters. Maybe the people who used to live here left something that could help.

>Unless I find some other way up there that door is of limits.
...swing across the gap from the wires on the ceiling? Kind of haphazard, though.
>>
No. 550508 ID: 9ddf68

yeah the dead guy was most likely a cyborg, that's what they called them in the old days, man mixed with machine. anyways try the other doors here because if we can't take this door I'm sure they have other exits. I mean what kind of moron makes only one exit.
>>
No. 550509 ID: 7bbaae

>>550505
Check Storage.
>>
No. 550510 ID: 76b151

There are a ton of broken wires right above the intact ladder. Think you can repair those as well?
>>
No. 550512 ID: b3ca75
File 138593716296.png - (24.46KB , 900x450 , 23.png )
550512

>Check Storage.
But that’s where I came from! …wait… oh shit! I think I messed up when I read the map for you guys! Um… just change left to right and vice versa… I can’t believe I’d do something stupid like mixing up left and right…
>There is a ton of broken wires right above the intact ladder. Think you can repair those as well?
No way, they are too short to reach each other. Besides, that rope that’s holding them doesn’t look very stable…
>...swing across the gap from the wires on the ceiling? Kind of haphazard, though.
Well, I can tr- oh, the rope broke even before I started climbing on it… Of course, now I can climb up the wires from the floor below instead so… I win?
>>
No. 550513 ID: b3ca75
File 138593717750.png - (10.37KB , 900x450 , 24.png )
550513

>checking the quarters.
More dead bodies, mold and rust…

Insert A white chamber… luckily it’s pyramid less this time_
>>
No. 550514 ID: 7bbaae

>>550513
Yep, this is far into the future, no surprises here. Can you open those lockers? The green tall boxes.
>>
No. 550515 ID: 96b823

Try opening those lockers next to the doorway and see what's inside them. Look under the bed frames in case anything useful was dropped under them ages ago. Look over (and maybe inside) the mantis corpse to see if it's carrying anything you might want. Try not to get distracted by the semi-lewd Naughty Tail Club poster while you do so.
>>
No. 550516 ID: 9ddf68

check room for anything worth looting, then try the next one.
>>
No. 550517 ID: fd6ae9

Try opening the lockers and seeing what's inside, then on to the main control hub.
>>
No. 550518 ID: b3ca75
File 138594230657.png - (9.00KB , 900x450 , 25.png )
550518

>Try opening those lockers next to the doorway and see what's inside them.
Let’s see… cloth scraps… something I’m guessing was tools once but has now completed its metamorphism into a beautiful rusty scrap heap… books that’s not really books anymore… oh, look! Another one of those weird cards! This one got “Automatic systems” printed on it.
[You received key card “Automatic systems”.]
>Look under the bed frames in case anything useful was dropped under them ages ago.
Oh, look! Dust! …and more dust! Exactly what I was looking for!

>Look over (and maybe inside) the mantis corpse to see if it's carrying anything you might want.
It’s just an empty husk left behind by this place former resident.
>Try not to get distracted by the semi-lewd Naughty Tail Club poster while you do so.
…yeah, you do realize I’m not a virgin, right? I’ve seen far more than some tail bases. Besides, those tails looks undernourished! Didn’t those girls ever eat?

> on to the main control hub.
Alright…

…what sorcery is this? Some kind of… wall of light?

Insert I cast magic missile_
>>
No. 550519 ID: fd6ae9

>what sorcery is this? Some kind of… wall of light?
It's called a force field. And yeah, it's a wall of light that can be turned on and off. Unfortunately, I think the controls are on the other side.

Can you cast magic on the other side of the wall? If you damage the machinery generating the force field it should go away.

...is that one of the glowing rocks everyone is looking for on the desk?
>>
No. 550520 ID: d7b500

uhhh, those are things called 'Lazers', and they are bad to touch, if I'm right.
I'd recommend leaving and coming back to this place later after we fool around elsewhere.
>>
No. 550521 ID: 7bbaae

>>550518
Hey, don't mess with anything in here yet. Let's check the other rooms first. Like the Automated Systems.
>>
No. 550522 ID: 9ddf68

the blue wall is a force field that will stop you from getting to the other side of the room and the red light is just more of a trip wire meant to make that metal thing in the ceiling rain hot death down upon you should you try and pass it, my suggest, freeze everything and and we'll let you know when it safe.
>>
No. 550523 ID: beeca1

>>550520
To be specific, lasers. Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation. The s does matter.

And I seriously doubt they are. Lasers don't usually create visible beams in the air, just spots of light on whatever they reflect off. Unless the local atmosphere has been fucked with, they're something else.
>>
No. 550526 ID: d315b1

>>550523
The beams are probably reflecting off all the dust in the air.
>>
No. 550527 ID: 96b823

Hmmm... While you might be able to brute force your way through with the application of magic, I'd rather try to find a non-destructive way first. I'd rather not destroy irreplaceable artifacts of an ancient age unless it's totally unavoidable. Plus I think Ilbir would be really cross at you if you did.

Head to the Automatic Systems room. There may be a way to cut the power to these defenses from in there.

We'll have to be careful when we eventually collect that key stone. It may be "load bearing" in that its power is the only thing keeping this place from collapsing. I'd rather not find out the hard way it is.
>>
No. 550533 ID: 2eac65

>>550518
That's what technology looks like when it's advanced enough. From left to right:

That transparent blue thing is a force field. It's a machine that can make a wall appear as long as it has energy. I'm not entirely sure what that particular wall does; it might just act like a solid object, or it might disintegrate you on contact. Be careful around it.

Those red things are lasers. They're beams of light that are projected in straight lines. They might be aimed at artificial eyes, so that the machine will notice if something passes through the beam. Or they might be intense enough to disintegrate you on contact. Be very careful around those.

That thing on the ceiling is an automated weapon of some sort. It could be a firearm, which is a weapon that shoots shards of hot metal at speeds so fast that the eye can't perceive them. Some firearms can launch dozens or even hundreds of shots in seconds, so it can basically disintegrate you if you're anywhere in its line of sight. Be extremely careful not to trigger it.

Those boxy things in the back look like a desk with a computer on it. A computer is, basically, a machine that stores and processes information, sort of like an AI, except with no emotions or will of its own. Computers are used a lot in advanced technology. It probably won't disintegrate you, though I'd advise caution regardless, as it could hold extremely valuable information and/or trigger a booby trap that will disintegrate you.
>>
No. 550567 ID: b3ca75
File 138600315734.png - (10.51KB , 900x450 , 26.png )
550567

>Force field.
…right, magical wall made with technology… got it.
>lasers.
Red stuff is bad, right…
>automated weapon.
Like a super advanced crossbow that fire by itself?
>Computer.
Hmmm… if it is like you guys, maybe I can talk to it from here? …or does the force field block sound too?

>...is that one of the glowing rocks everyone is looking for on the desk?
You’re right, that’s one of the key stones!
>We'll have to be careful when we eventually collect that key stone.
Of course, we wouldn’t want to hurt it or anything else… especially not myself.
>It may be "load bearing" in that its power is the only thing keeping this place from collapsing.
I… wait, wasn’t those things supposed to be keys or something? I mean, as far as I know its only power is to glow.
>Can you cast magic on the other side of the wall?
Err… not yet. I’m still a bit of a novice so… I need to touch whatever I need to freeze… and set ablaze… and it helps if it’s easy to freeze or burn.

>Head to the Automatic Systems room.
Ah, another one of those “Force fields”… and a “computer”… and… a person?
:B4t3RUST: [Error! This unit is malfunctioning! Unable to perform necessary repairs. Please increase the automatic system authorization requirement to level… four… or higher… to begin the repairs of cleaning station 428 zone 5G. Thank you for your time.]
:JerichoRUSTED: …err… what?
:B4t3RUST: [Please increase the automatic system authorization requirement to level… four… or higher… to begin the repairs of cleaning station 428 zone 5G. Thank you for your time.]

Insert only half the man he used to be_
>>
No. 550568 ID: fd6ae9

>magical wall made with technology
Yup
>Red stuff is bad
Yup
>Like a super advanced crossbow that fire by itself?
Exactly. You're a quick study!

>if it is like you guys, maybe I can talk to it from here?
Depends. Not all computers are smart. Some are more like books than people.

>does the force field block sound too?
...good question. It depends. You could build one that lets sound through, or one that doesn't.

>a person?
A robot. An artificial person, built by technology. Kind of an equivalent to undead, or a construct. Sometimes with a living mind put inside, sometimes a computer. This one seems to be computer-driven, and is stuck reciting the same error message over and over.

Also, you have the card to get past the force field in here, but unfortunately, the card reader looks damaged. I suppose you could try it anyways but I don't think it'll work.

...maybe you could show the robot the card, or tell it that access to the automatic system is cut off? See if it's smart enough to respond or help, or if it just stays stuck in the loop.
>>
No. 550570 ID: 72e48f

hole in ceiling, what can you see up there? also can you read what's on the computer in here or no?
>>
No. 550577 ID: 96b823

That "person" is a robot; An autonomous machine built and programmed to perform a set of physical tasks that only require limited intelligence. I think the closest analog to what you know of would be a golem.

Ask the robot what it's name or designation is, what "automatic system authorization requirement" is, why the robot needs the level of it increased, and where to go and what to do in order to increase its level. Also ask if this robot is capable of repairing itself, and if not if it can direct you through the steps to repair it.

Could you satisfy my curiosity by asking the robot how long its been since it lost connection to its lower body, since its last order from the facility personnel, since it first started operating in this facility, and how long this facility has been operational. Ask for the length of time in hours, since it may not be using the same calendar year or length of day as you.

The keycard reader for the force field is busted, but perhaps it could be swapped out for the working one attached to the door; They're very likely exactly the same design. You're lacking in the tools, but the robot probably has some built-in tools, so try picking the robot up and carrying it to where you need the work done.

Hold your glowing crystal up to that hole in the ceiling and check if it leads anywhere. We don't want any surprises possibly dropping in from there.

Could you read to us what's on the computer screen from this side of the force field? Our vision isn't good enough to do so ourselves.
>>
No. 550580 ID: b3ca75
File 138601237815.png - (10.35KB , 900x450 , 27.png )
550580

>The card reader looks damaged. I suppose you could try it anyways but I don't think it'll work.
It doesn’t react at all.
>Hole in ceiling, what can you see up there?
A lot of stones… there’s no way I’m getting out that way.
>Can you read what's on the computer in here?
Hmm… the only thing I can make out is “Please insert the right Key Card into slot to continue”.

>A robot. An artificial person, built by technology.
:JerichoRUSTED: So… you’re like a golem, right? Like the ones they used in ancient times… but… you look a lot more… advance? I mean, everything we’ve found is generally made of clay or rock…
:B4t3RUST: [Negative! This unit is an Android helper model B4t3, of the master series. …unable to find query “ancient times”…]
:JerichoRUSTED: Um… the time the gods walked the world? Great wars and the height of civilization?
:B4t3RUST: [Calculating… ancient times… last game… before the others stopped functioning… gods… players. Scanning… Warning, non-player character detected! You aren’t meant to be here! Please leave immediately!]

>How long it’s been since it lost connection to its lower body, since its last order from the facility personnel…
:B4t3RUST: [Error! Internal clock is malfunctioning!]
>What "automatic system authorization requirement" is, why the robot needs the level of it increased, and where to go and what to do in order to increase its level.
:B4t3RUST: [This station need the proper authorization to start a repair project of this magnitude. Please increase the authorization level to start repairing this facility. To increase the authorization level please insert the correct key card into the terminal in “Automatic systems” and choose a different authorization level.]

>...maybe you could show the robot the card, or tell it that access to the automatic system is cut off?
:B4t3RUST: [Please increase the units authorization level to give this unit permission to open the force field. You can increase this unit authorization level by insert the correct key card into the terminal in “Automatic systems” and choose a different authorization level. Alternative, you can push the green button next to the force field to manually open the force field. Otherwise, please contact support for additional help.]
:JerichoRUSTED: …of course, the green button is on the other side of the force field!
>The keycard reader for the force field is busted, but perhaps it could be swapped out for the working one attached to the door.
:B4t3RUST: [Negative! This keycard reader require “Automatic systems” access, the door keycard readers require “General access” access. They aren’t interchangeable.]
>Ask if this robot is capable of repairing itself, and if not if it can direct you through the steps to repair it.
:B4t3RUST: [This units body isn’t repairable. Please remove the head of this unit and find another body.]

Insert At least it can still live up to its namesake…_
>>
No. 550584 ID: 9ddf68

ask how to remove the head so you don't damage it further and then see if you can't find it another body... maybe in storage.
>>
No. 550585 ID: 96b823

Ah, an android. That's a robot shaped like a person and generally more intelligent than most other robots.

Well, assuming what this android is saying is correct, then it appears your world is a giant reconfigurable game board. It'd explain why you and the others we can speak too are referred to as "pawns." And I guess the AIs we've encountered were meant to fill the player positions when there wasn't a "god" around to fill them.

Ask it what the last game was that was run here; It's number of players, setup and win conditions. Then ask what the current game is.

That gives me an idea. Ask the android if it can give you the location where the AI players are kept when they're running in a game. Or if it can give you the location of the nearest pawns connect to player Grey, player Blue, and player Teal (Shadow, the with Mor'Kay, and us, respectively.)

Once you're ready to remove its head ask it how to go about that without damaging it, if its head will remain operational separated from its body, and the last known nearest location of another B4t3 model android is, as well as that of android and robot models that are compatible with a B4t3 model head. (That's just in case a proper one isn't reachable.)
>>
No. 550586 ID: 13cf39

His name is B4t3, the flavor text is making a joke about him living up to his name... Is he bait? Be ready to dodge, motherfucker!
>>
No. 550587 ID: b3ca75
File 138601918938.png - (10.39KB , 900x450 , 28.png )
550587

>Be ready to dodge, motherfucker!
…from what? There’s nothing here? …and I wish I knew who my mother was… err… not that I would… ignore that.
>maybe in storage.
But I just came from storage! It’s empty, remember?
>Assuming what this android is saying is correct, then it appears your world is a giant reconfigurable game board.
Well, I always knew the gods played dice with our lives, but not that it would be this literal!

>Ask it what the last game was that was run here; It's number of players, setup and win conditions.
:B4t3RUST: [Error, unable to find old files.]
>Then ask what the current game is.
:B4t3RUST: [Current game is: Sims of civilization 14: Civ harder!]
>Ask the android if it can give you the location where the AI players are kept when they're running in a game.
:B4t3RUST: [Unable to find data.]
>Or if it can give you the location of the nearest pawns connect to player Grey, player Blue, and player Teal.
:B4t3RUST: [Unable to find data.]
>Ask how to remove the head so you don't damage it further.
:B4t3RUST: [Place your hands on it. I will- this unit will do the rest.]
>if its head will remain operational separated from its body.
:B4t3RUST: [To a certain extent.]
>The last known nearest location of another B4t3 model android is, as well as that of android and robot models that are compatible with a B4t3 model head.
:B4t3RUST: [Closes unit is the pleasure bot in the entertainment area. its body will function as a replacement.]

Insert It’s not what it sounds li- ah, who am I kidding?_
>>
No. 550588 ID: c23ab0

Ask the android if it can give you the location of the railroad.
>>
No. 550589 ID: 7bbaae

Ah, if we're playing Civ 14, then... we have a few ways we can win. Diplomacy, War, and Culture. Diplomacy involves having everyone as your ally. War means wiping out everyone. Culture means being so awesome you build a Wonder of the World first.

Hey Jericho, do you happen to know if there was ever a city named Kevros?

Before you detach the android's head, ask if it knows what the glowing stone in the jar does.
>>
No. 550590 ID: 322908

Well, pick up the head. It might not know much, but it could be useful later, as it can probably use computers better than you.

Also, it appears that something just moved outside the door. I've misidentified a book before, so I won't speculate as to what it is, but do be careful.
>>
No. 550591 ID: 01531c

>>550586
It is possible that B4t3 is a pun-joke, as it can be misread as the more common spelling of B3t4.

4 = A, a.
3 = E, e.

B4t3 = Bate
B3t4 = Beta
>>
No. 550592 ID: 96b823

There's something through the doorway. I think it's a light. We may have company and I doubt it'll be friendly.

Grab the android's head, flip your glowing gem off, and pull the head loose. Then feel your way over to the doorway and peek through.

Later we can ask the android how many players the game is set to and who they are.

...Wait a second... I just noticed that the 'droid slipped up and used "I will" instead of "this unit." It may be more than its letting on... Lemme try something. [Attempt connection to B4t3 model nearest to pawn "The Pebble."]
>>
No. 550593 ID: 9ddf68

that was the room with the broken key lock right?
well check the other rooms first and lets see what we can find first then we'll figure out what the hell we're going to do
>>
No. 550594 ID: b3ca75
File 138602271914.png - (27.15KB , 900x450 , 29.png )
550594

>[Attempt connection to B4t3 model nearest to pawn "The Pebble."]
[You cannot connect to golem. Golem isn’t currently functioning.]
>Hey Jericho, do you happen to know if there was ever a city named Kevros?
Kevros? Never heard of it.

>Ask the android how many players the game is set to and who they are.
:B4t3RUST: […you are trying to break the game! Countermeasures have been initiated!]
>Ask the android if it can give you the location of the railroad.
What’s a railroad?
:B4t3RUST: [You’re already on it, Choo choo, bitch!]
:JerichoRUSTED: …what?
>Ask if it knows what the glowing stone in the jar does.
:B4t3RUST: [It’s a part of the game… everything is… everyone is… everything is a game… nothing has a meaning… try some summer salt…]
:JerichoRUSTED: …did you break when you detached your head?
>Well, pick up the head.
:B4t3RUST: [I am scissor… 55555 interstellar… It’s something… in the water… greeeeenn… don’t drink… don’t inhale… toxic…]
:JerichoRUSTED: Great, you went down the deep end, didn’t you?

>Also, it appears that something just moved outside the door.
:JerichoRUSTED: Eliraz!?
:ShadowRUST: Hmm? Wrong person, sweetie… completely wrong person. Get used to use my real name, because soon there won’t be an Eliraz left.
:JerichoRUSTED: W-what!?
:ShadowRUST: Ah… a beautiful rock, isn’t it? …and I’ll make sure Ilbir will never find it… wait, why are you carrying around the head of a statue?
:JerichoRUSTED: …um… it’s a golem? It needs a new body?
:ShadowRUST: …what? No, that’s clearly… wait… that would explain why you walked around and poked the walls everywhere… you’re nuts, aren’t you?
:JerichoRUSTED: …I’m nuts? You’re the one that’s nuts!
:B4t3RUST: […it’s one hell of a drug… even wake the dead…]

Insert Both of them have nuts! …wait, that sounded wrong_
>>
No. 550595 ID: 7bbaae

>>550594
Dammit, I said ask BEFORE you detached the head!

Oh well whatever. Hop down and freeze her, take the stone, then go up and get the golem its new body.

...wait a minute, ask Shadow what she's seeing here. Doesn't she see the giant statue, and the metal doors, and ladders?
>>
No. 550596 ID: 9ddf68

shadow... what do you see down here? oh and some of the doors are broken so yeeeaahh.
>>
No. 550597 ID: 592261

The robot...That actually might have been us. We uhh, can jump at will more or less! But it seems that robot is protected against us.
MORE IMPORTANTLY! Ask the Shadow why is she going to hide the keystone. And then ask where.
>>
No. 550602 ID: 7bbaae

Oh, if you want to take the diplomatic route with Shadow, you could tell her she would probably like it better if she had her own body, instead of murdering Eliraz and using what is essentially his living corpse as her body.
>>
No. 550603 ID: 96b823

...Oh joy. We get to play the damn "who's perception is correct" game. My money's on us, but it's still possible we're the ones seeing things wrong here. And there's also the chance everyone here isn't seeing things the way they really are either. That's always an annoying possibility.

There may be something in that 'droid's babbling. It said something green and toxic is in the water, and you mentioned there was something green in that water you crossed. Might have been a good thing you didn't try swimming through it.

May as well turn your light stone back on, put the head down so you have your hands free and hop down to the bottom level; We can deal with the 'droid later. Then ask Shadow how the FUCK she got the keystone from in there! 'Cause there is no goddamn way she got past those defenses outside of off-camera bullshit shenanigans. And also on the subject of bullshit; How the hell did she tail you in here? You had a damn super-bright light stone on the whole time, there's next to no places to hide, and we're practically eyes in the back of your head. She turn invisible or some shit like that?

Now as far as I know the only way out of there is through the Storage door, so slip back while you're talking to her and yank the wires out of the keycard reader. Then Shadow won't be able to get out of here since she can't perceive how you broke the door... Unless our perception is the one that's wrong. Guess we'll find out from this.

Remember that you have that stun rod the prince gave you specifically to deal with Shadow. It likely can be used through cloth, so using it through your pocket is an option. You get a clear opportunity to jab Eliraz's body with it, take it.

You can also try icing up the underside of his boots and the palms of his hands if you're close enough. That'll put a damper on Shadow's movement.
>>
No. 550604 ID: d2995c

So does she plan on doing something with the stone, or just keeping it from Ilbir?
>>
No. 550605 ID: 7bbaae

>>550603
Well, you know, considering all the evidence that something weird is going on, we could be in an illusion.

Jericho, try to disbelieve it. All indications are that you're not seeing reality.
>>
No. 550606 ID: fd6ae9

>Current game is: Sims of civilization 14: Civ harder!
Oh gods. Then when I told Liz to just give up and play Civ...

Whups!

>you’re nuts, aren’t you?
Well at least he's not an alternate personality.

Shadow, humor us. Describe the room you see? If the two of you see different things, it means one or more of you is under the influence of an illusion. This whole area might just be a trap.

Also, Jer, if she ever gets close enough to you to allow it, stun her.
>>
No. 550622 ID: b3ca75
File 138609120026.png - (27.18KB , 900x450 , 30.png )
550622

>try to disbelieve it.
…whoa, it felt like I was flying there for a second…
>Ask Shadow what she's seeing here. Doesn't she see the giant statue, and the metal doors, and ladders?
:ShadowRUST: Metal doors? Ladders? I see the statue, sure, but the rest? Are you high or something? Have you been eating strange mushrooms?
>You could tell her she would probably like it better if she had her own body, instead of murdering Eliraz and using what is essentially his living corpse as her body.
:ShadowRUST: What, and give up these awesome powers!? I made this character from scratch, just like you, and I’m not going to give up the powers it has just because prince wuss wants to live!
>Ask the Shadow why is she going to hide the keystone. And then ask where.
:ShadowRUST: So Ilbir will never find it, of course! That asshole deserves it! Thinking that he is better than me! ME!
:JerichoRUSTED: You’re deranged…

>ask Shadow how the FUCK she got the keystone from in there!
:ShadowRUST: What, you really think a locked door and a few arrow / spear / blade traps would stop me? Peh!
>How the hell did she tail you in here?
:ShadowRUST: You have no idea who you’re dealing with, huh? I’m the best thief that’s ever existed! I walk in the shadows of the world!

>You have that stun rod the prince gave you specifically to deal with Shadow. It likely can be used through cloth, so using it through your pocket is an option. You get a clear opportunity to jab Eliraz's body with it, take it.
:ShadowRUST: …is that a stun rod or are you just very happy to see me? Did you really think I would let you come close to me, slave?
:JerichoRUSTED: Shadow, please stop this madness! Don’t force me to reveal your secret to the others!
:ShadowRUST: Heh, like I would give you the chance… hehe… you know, I have little bit of information for you. Do you know what happens when a player loses his main pawn? He gets kicked out of the game!
:JerichoRUSTED: …wai-
:ShadowRUST: And another thing. Did you know…
>>
No. 550623 ID: b3ca75
File 138609121442.png - (28.11KB , 900x450 , 31.png )
550623

:ShadowRUST: …that mummies are really flammable?
:JerichoRUSTED: AAAAAA!!!
:ShadowRUST: Heh, you make a way better fireplace then chair, slave.
:JerichoRUSTED: IT BURNS!!!

Insert Burn baby burn, disco inferno!_
>>
No. 550624 ID: beeca1

Ice magic time. On Shadow too, if you can. I don't think we have a choice now.
>>
No. 550626 ID: 7bbaae

>>550623
Ice everywhere!
>>
No. 550632 ID: 96b823

Don't freak out! Only your clothes have caught fire so far. If you move quick you can deal with Shadow before the rest of you starts burning.

Shadow moves in the shadows of the world, but she just turned you into a shadow obliterating torch... Temporarily, I hope.

Grasp your stun rod and immediately lunge forward and give Shadow a big flaming hug with side of zap stick and don't let go. Then apply ice magic to extinguish yourself and Eliraz.

>Shadow saw force field and gun turret differently
Huh. I think the game is the same, but how it's shown is different. We got a sci-fi overlay and Shadow got the one in line with the rest of the game world.

>Disbelieved and was floating
...Oh. Great. Evidence this whole world is an illusion. Wonder how it's gonna work out this time.

>>550622
There's that masked fucker that killed Adil. Looks like he opened the door, then deactivated it so it's stuck open, meaning Shadow can escape easy. I'm suspecting whoever or whatever that is is in league with Shadow.
>>
No. 550634 ID: 7fea89

Main-...Sonnova.
Ok, this isn't good at all.
Wait, Can't we just throw the stun rod at Shadow and take him out that way?
Slow your burning, slow the Shadow,
Speed up the thrown rod as it flies!
>>
No. 550636 ID: b3ca75
File 138610420445.png - (28.32KB , 900x450 , 32.png )
550636

>Quickly, ICE MAGIC!
COME ON ICE ICE ICE IC- OH GODS, I THINK I JUST SET MYSELF ON FIRE!
>Ice everywhere!
WHY IS THERE ICE EVERYWHERE BUT ME!? AAAA!!!
>Grasp your stun rod and immediately lunge forward and give Shadow a big flaming hug with side of zap stick and don't let go.
CHARG- WAIT, HE’S HUGGING ME!?
>Don't freak out!
OH GODS, THE PAIN! WHY DO I STILL FEEL PAIN!!!
>>
No. 550637 ID: b3ca75
File 138610421463.png - (19.67KB , 900x450 , 33.png )
550637

*Splash!*
:JerichoRUSTED: *Blub*?

Insert Sonic drowning music_
>>
No. 550638 ID: 7bbaae

>>550637
Well, you can't drown thankfully. I wonder if Eliraz took control for a moment there? Pull him out of the water and apply stunstick then restrain him.
>>
No. 550648 ID: 96b823

Crap! Going by the android's babble and the skulls on the wall the water's really toxic! You gotta get Eliraz out of it NOW!

Grab Eliraz, cover his nostrils and mouth so he doesn't inhale the water, and start trying to swim up as best you can. The fact you're partially hollow and filled with air means you're practically a flotation device, so that'll help. You can also try focusing on the water below you both and turning it into an ice platform; That'll carry you up easy.

Once you got him on dry land check that he's breathing. If he is apply the stun rod and strip him. This is to get the toxic water soaked clothes off of him as well as remove his inventory. No telling how potent the toxins in the water are and I don't want to risk any of it being absorbed through the skin. ...It's not an excuse to get Eliraz naked, I swear. It's a sensible precaution, dammit! Sheesh.

Take a moment to check that you didn't lose any of your gear along the way, then collect the key stone from Eliraz's clothes. Then, if it's small enough, swallow it. That way it won't get lost until Tera cuts it out. And let's see Shadow try to steal it from there.

Wringing out your own clothes so they're not full of toxic water some time soon would be a good idea as well.

Well, now I don't know what to make of the masked specter. If it hadn't opened the door then Eliraz wouldn't have been able to tackle you into the water and save you. ...And was
>>
No. 550649 ID: 7fea89

Note to self-magic does not mix kindly with panic.
Sooo as a mummy, I'm pretty sure you don't need to breathe. Get the shadow's head out of the water, and try to freeze it around him-should stop him from moving...
The ice is to hold him while we find rope or something else to restrain him with, and be sure to search him THUROUGHLY for anything on his person that he could use to cut the rope. Also, get his tail in with his limbs as best you can-no garuntee Shadow hasn't been practicing with that!
...
Hey, something for us to practice later-if Shadow could 'drive' the character like that, could we do the same for you if you're indisposed for some reason?
>>
No. 550660 ID: d315b1

We should probably get him out of the water, NOW.
inb4 Jericho doesn't know how to swim because desert people
>>
No. 550676 ID: 9ddf68

>>550622
sorry I was gone again, but here you can see someone with a mask in the open door on the bottom left side of the screen

also I think you should grab shadow since I think the prince may have just saved your ass.
>>
No. 550716 ID: b3ca75
File 138617759718.png - (32.03KB , 900x450 , 34.png )
550716

>Start trying to swim up as best you can.
Swim? What is swim? You mean float? Because I’m floating like a cork.
>Once you got him on dry land check that he's breathing.
:ElirazRUST: *Cough* O-oh gods… *Wheeze* w-why does my eyes b-burn… and my l-lungs? *Cough*
:JerichoRUSTED: I’m guessing that’s counts as breathing.
>If he is apply the stun rod…
:JerichoRUSTED: I’m sorry for this.
:ElirazRUST: *Wheeze* Sorry fo- *Rgnt!*
:JerichoRUSTED: Goodnight, sweet prince.

>and strip him.
Err…
>...It's not an excuse to get Eliraz naked, I swear. It's a sensible precaution, dammit! Sheesh.
If you say so… but I’m not removing his underwear, alright? …even if a part of me wants to…
:ElirazRUST: *Cough*
>Restrain him with ice.
Done and done.
>Wringing out your own clothes so they're not full of toxic water sometime soon would be a good idea as well.
There, now everyone is naked!

>Collect the key stone from Eliraz's clothes.
That’s odd… I can’t find it? It isn’t with the rest of his be-
:ElirazRUST: *Barf!*
:JerichoRUSTED: …please don’t tell me you just puked blood…
:ElirazRUST: …b-but father… I’m… a man… not… girl… not… b-both… *Cough*

Insert I’m tripping balls, man!_
>>
No. 550718 ID: 9ddf68

yeah, well... whatever was in that water probably isn't good for one's health, seeing as we are seeing some weird things right now... what do you know of treating poison effects, cause I'm not real good beyond snakebites.
>>
No. 550720 ID: 7fea89

...*shakes head*
It came down to being alive as the Shadow's puppet or dying to remove it's presense...
I'm guessing that's the choice Shadow presented to the Prince. It could be possible to exise Shadow from him but I doubt it. Though it explains why Shadow could kick us from him-that was the Shadow's main character...
Which, unfortunately, could mean we're VERY attached to you. We lose you, we lose contact with Tera and Illbir...
Bah.
And because we got drugged up, our sight is useless. Not much we can really recommend at this point.
If nothing else...Maybe try and make him comfortable-these may be Eliraz's final moments.
>>
No. 550729 ID: 96b823

...Oh, gods... The water's much more toxic than I was hoping for. There's... There's nothing you or we can do now. Judging by the bloody puke the toxins quickly break down soft tissue, and they got into his lungs... His lungs are going to dissolve into bloody soup... He's going to drown on dry land and there's not a damn thing we can do about it... Fuck.

I'm guessing Eliraz wanted to kill himself to be rid of Shadow, knowing he would likely be raised as undead, but Shadow held him back. It took seeing you burning to death to push through.

All you can do now is make Eliraz slightly more comfortable in his final moments. Roll him on his side so he isn't puking and coughing blood on himself. Check if there's a canteen in his clothes and if there is use the water from it to wash out his eyes. Then... Hold him. Tell him he'll be free of Shadow soon and you're sorry it was this horrible way and that you'll see that his body gets back to his mother alright.

Once he passes you're going to have to take steps to keep his body as well preserved as possible until he can be raised. Wring out his clothes, lay his body out on them, then freeze his corpse. Go slow and keep going until it's frozen solid. The clothes are to keep him from freezing to the floor. Move quickly, though. The toxins will be dissolving his flesh as long as he's not on ice.

Later on we'll have to get you, Eliraz's body, and both your clothes washed and decontaminated before any of them come in contact with the living. With how potent the toxins were even trace amounts could be hazardous, and it'd be better to be safe than sorry here.
>>
No. 550730 ID: 7bbaae

...well, at least we won't have to worry about the Shadow anymore.

Be there for him until the end.
>>
No. 550734 ID: b3ca75
File 138618742698.png - (20.13KB , 900x450 , 35.png )
550734

>What do you know of treating poison effects.
I know from experience how to treat most poisons this desert has to offer, but I’ve never even heard about something like this! And it’s a hallucinogen to! The only poisons I know that creates hallucinations like this are bites from some of the less dangerous snakes and bugs… and some cave mushrooms… err… I think it was the spores that did it but… err… nothing as bad as this!

>...Oh, gods... The water's much more toxic than I was hoping for. There's... There's nothing you or we can do now.
:JerichoRUSTED:
:ElirazRUST: Ugh… *Cough*
>All you can do now is make Eliraz slightly more comfortable in his final moments. Roll him on his side so he isn't puking and coughing blood on himself. Check if there's a canteen in his clothes and if there is use the water from it to wash out his eyes.
:ElirazRUST: J-Jericho…?
>Then... Hold him. Tell him he'll be free of Shadow soon and you're sorry it was this horrible way and that you'll see that his body gets back to his mother alright.
:JerichoRUSTED: Don’t worry, Eliraz… you’ll be free from the Shadow soon…
:ElirazRUST: …y-you do realize *cough* that the stun rod t-tends to malfunction when its wet, r-right?
:JerichoRUSTED: …how the fuck are you talking!? You’re puking blood and bile like a fountain!
:ElirazRUST: …I am? …um… actually… my mouth feels r-rather dry… and I do feel a bit nausea… and I see this really weird sky… it’s all green and blue and yellow and… weee… hehe…
:JerichoRUSTED: …so, you’re fine?
:ElirazRUST: …w-why am I naked? …why are we b-both naked?

Insert It one hell of a drug_
>>
No. 550740 ID: 7bbaae

>>550734
Oh. Well. Awkward.

Clothes back on, I guess. The water's not toxic, it just causes vivid hallucinations.

I think you should move back away from the water, and wait for the hallucinations to wear off. Also tell him that the Shadow retrieved the tear, but it's missing now. It might've fallen in the water, or the Shadow swallowed it, or hid it in some other orifice. Also don't look now but we can see the Shadow in the prince's reflection. Also, us! Hi!

[I SEE YOU, SHADOW. Everyone, attack!]
>>
No. 550741 ID: 96b823

...Well, I totally feel like a great big overreacting dummy who jumps to the worst possible conclusions right now. I ought to 'cause I totally am. Sorry for all that, Jericho.

Tell Eliraz that at the time you thought the water was extremely toxic and might absorb through the skin and removing his waterlogged clothes was the quickest way to get it off his skin and then you took your wet clothes off... It was a good idea at the time, okay! You were panicking; Grasping at straws! You thought he was going to die.

Okay, that over with, look down at your reflection. That's us connected to you, and that ugly black tentacle blob connected to Eliraz is Shadow. Focus on Shadow and freeze her in the water, then pull Eliraz towards you to try and pull him free. It probably won't work, but in this... place, wherever or whatever it is, it just might.
>>
No. 550742 ID: 7fea89

nudity was to be sure you didn't succumb to the water/get more of it on/in you.
Aaand we know it's a hallocinogin, but aside from that we have no idea of the effects or how to treat it...Part of the hallcinating is that we see you near constantly puking.
Hopefully, you'll be ok, but before we took a drug water bath, we saw what looked like skull warnings in the ruins here, seemingly referring to the water, so we're worried about you.
>>
No. 550743 ID: 9ddf68

the fuck is with your reflection dude?

anyways just say there was something in the water, and when we pulled him out he started coughing blood so we thought he might have suffered a wound so we wanted to make sure there we didn't miss it so we removed some clothes to make sure we didn't overlook any wounds... we took ours off to inspect the fire damage to see how bad it was. if you were wondering why we were so close it was because again we were checking for wounds. also if he doesn't believe you just blame us.
>>
No. 550748 ID: b3ca75
File 138619341604.png - (22.09KB , 900x450 , 36b.png )
550748

>Oh. Well. Awkward.
:JerichoRUSTED:
:ElirazRUST:
>Clothes back on, I guess.
Yes, of co- wait, where are my clothes?!

>Nudity was necessary!
:JerichoRUSTED: Um… I thought the water was toxic and… well… I didn’t want you getting any worse… you know, by being drenched in the stuff…
:ElirazRUST: …well, I am feeling a bit under the weather…
:JerichoRUSTED: I undressed for the same reason… just in case it was harmful to me too… honest!
:ElirazRUST: I trust you… at least, I trust that you didn’t mean any harm by it…
>Tell him that the Shadow retrieved the tear, but it's missing now.
:ElirazRUST: She swallowed it… she usually does it with things she deems important… I haven’t eaten any real food in... um… years? …I haven’t slept either… I… I miss dreaming…
>Reflection.
:JerichoRUSTED: Hmm…
:ElirazRUST: What?
:JerichoRUSTED: Oh, nothing, I just had a thought…
:ElirazRUST: S-speaking of thoughts… I feel her taking control again… I… I won’t be able to keep her away for much longer…
>Focus on Shadow and freeze her in the water
:JerichoRUSTED: Don’t worry, I- Ha!!
*Splash!*
:JerichoRUSTED: Dammit! She moves to fast!
:ShadowRUST: Ha! Did you really believe I wouldn’t see that coming!? You’re dead, mummy!!
:JerichoRUSTED: Argh!!
:ElirazRUST: JERICHO!?

Insert I’ve seen enough hentai_
>>
No. 550749 ID: 7bbaae

>>550748
Quick set the Shadow on fire!
>>
No. 550750 ID: dbe554

Out of our player Black Ink Abomination! *Purge the shadow!
>>
No. 550752 ID: 7fea89

Magic offense for Jericho, I'm going to try some defense.
[fly up& form armor for Jericho]
Here's hoping it isn't a mass crowd action thing we need to do to have impressive effects.
>>
No. 550754 ID: 322908

OK, it's possible you're just tripping and your clothes are still behind you, so i'm going to suggest ice rather than fire in this case.
>>
No. 550755 ID: 96b823

Call out to Eliraz to try and help you by pulling at Shadow's tentacles.

Set the tree on fire above the water. The flames will be reflected below, where Shadow is.

Oh, and this might help: [Ban Player Grey from pawn "The Pebble"] We probably should have done that anyway.

>>550752
Worth a shot. We can also try pushing Shadow's tentacles away with our own. Oh, and she left Eliraz wide open, so throw some tentacles around him as well. Maybe she'll think we're going to attack him.
>>
No. 550757 ID: b3ca75
File 138619803845.png - (23.48KB , 900x450 , 37.png )
550757

>[Ban Player Grey from pawn "The Pebble"]
[Player grey isn’t inside “The Pebble”.]
>OK, it's possible you're just tripping…
It ripped my arm off! I’M NOT FREAKING TRIPPING!
>[fly up & form armor for Jericho].
:ShadowRUST: Ha… You think that tiny shield will have any effe-
>Out of our player Black Ink Abomination!
:ShadowRUST: Hey! STOP IT, YOU LITTLE TWERP! I’LL RIP YOU A-

>Quick set the Shadow on fire!
…I don’t think I can set her on fire… but there is something else…
:ShadowRUST: AAAARGH!!! HOW DARE YOU!!!
:JerichoRUSTED: Urgh… I think I overdid it... I don’t think I can do anymore magic for a while…
:ShadowRUST: DIE MAGGOT!! YOU WILL FEAR ME!!!

Insert Let’s party like it’s 999_
>>
No. 550758 ID: dbe554

*Move tiny shield to protect Jericho Core Runes* Better defense then you inky! Want to get burned away here and now all you needed to do was ask!

*Attempt to possess Shadow*
>>
No. 550762 ID: 76b151

CONSUME player grey\the shadow.
>>
No. 550764 ID: 7bbaae

Dodge to the side, let Eliraz do some attacking.
>>
No. 550765 ID: 7fea89

Jerry's outta magic? Guess it's our turn to do some damage!
[swipe sword from Eliraz, stab at Shadow's head]
EN-GARDE!
>>
No. 550774 ID: b3ca75
File 138620510124.png - (9.18KB , 900x450 , 38.png )
550774

>[swipe sword from Eliraz, stab at Shadow's head]

>*Move tiny shield to protect Jericho Core Runes* Better defense then you inky! Want to get burned away here and now all you needed to do was ask!
:ShadowRUST: DIE!!
>CONSUME player grey\the shadow.
:ShadowRUST: OW! Son of a- stop biting me, insect!!
>Dodge to the side, let Eliraz do some attacking.
:ElirazRUST: Die monster! You don’t belong in this world!
:ShadowRUST: How dare you! HOW DARE YOU! I was supposed to make you powerful! MIG- ARG!!
:ElirazRUST: SHUT-
:ShadowRUST: OW!
:ElirazRUST: -THE FUCK-
:ShadowRUST: NO!!
:ElirazRUST: UP!!!
:ShadowRUST: Mercy…
:ElirazRUST: YOU GAINT UGLY OCTOPUS!!
:ShadowRUST: …please… no…
:ElirazRUST: …d-did it work? Is s-she dead!? I’M FREE!!? …I’m free? …thank you…

[Player Teal have defeated Player Gray! Player Teal now have control over “The Thief”!]

Insert A miserably little pile of BULLSHIT!_
>>
No. 550776 ID: dbe554

Hello Eliraz, we're back again! Yes you'll still have to live with voices, but we can't force you to do anything.

Also we need you to somehow cough up the gem, but I believe that can wait till we're topside. Also after that we can get you some real food, water, and sleep.
>>
No. 550778 ID: 9ddf68

>>550776
also clothes, we would like some clothes.

also can we keep trying to eat player grey? I find it amusing for reasons I really can't fathom
>>
No. 550779 ID: abffe3

Good job Eliraz!
Now grab that mummified lizard and kiss him dramatically like they do in action films after the climactic fight~
>>
No. 550780 ID: 96b823

No thanks needed, Eliraz. [Reach up and hug Eliraz] We should be the ones thanking you for wresting control from Shadow long enough to save Jericho from burning up. So, thank you.

Now, we've got a key stone to recover. Unless you know of an easier way, Eli, we'll be going in. [Shove tentacles down Shadow's corpse's throat] Gonna reach all the way to the bottom and yank it inside out. That ought to dump out the internal inventory. I wonder what else Shadow deemed important enough to swallow.

And when we're done here we're going to rip Shadow's corpse into itty-bitty pieces and eat them all so she'll never, ever come back. ...I wonder if she tastes like calamari.
>>
No. 550782 ID: 7fea89

At long last, the battle's over. With any luck, I'll be able to get your arm back on Jericho, hold still please!
[fetches Jericho's arm, attempts re-attachment]
As far as you Eliraz, I'm SO VERY GLAD that we could fight Shadow independantly of you. I suspect that's how battles really are supposed to go- player ghost-thing versus player ghost-thing...Which makes me wonder-what happens if say, we're with Tera and another player encounters us? I'd think we'd be less powerful, BUT we don't get 'killed' if we lose that fight. We'll see.
>>
No. 550787 ID: 7bbaae

>>550774
It is. The Shadow is dead. Congratulations, you're a free man, all through the magic of mind-expanding hallucinations. Now, what was that mumbling you were doing about being "both"? You don't have any female bits, do you?
>>
No. 550793 ID: 04289d

I suggest we grab that arm and be ready. It looks like Mr sad face guardian is back. Far left, can only see a bit of him.
>>
No. 550835 ID: fd6ae9

>message text.
Oh gods. We are literally playing Civ. With capture the flag princess mode turned on. Wow.

>Is s-she dead!?
...maybe? She was begging for mercy. The message said she was defeated, not dead. So it's possible you still have to make the choice to spare her or not.
>>
No. 550838 ID: b3ca75
File 138627187734.png - (8.45KB , 900x450 , 39.png )
550838

>Also can we keep trying to eat player grey?
[New recipe discovered! Squid sushi with “soy” sauce!]
>[Shove tentacles down Shadow's corpse's throat]
[Unable to find “Throat”! Shadow is a metaphorical being and thus doesn’t have a throat!]
>Hello Eliraz, we're back again! Yes you'll still have to live with voices, but we can't force you to do anything.
:ElirazRUST: …have your voice ever... um…
:JerichoRUSTED: You don’t need to listen to them if you don’t want to. They are harmless, believe me.
>Also clothes, we would like some clothes.
:JerichoRUSTED: Um… can you find our clothes?
:ElirazRUST: I… the only thing I see is flying pink elephants…

>She was begging for mercy. The message said she was defeated, not dead. So it's possible you still have to make the choice to spare her or not.
:JerichoRUSTED:
:ElirazRUST:
:JerichoRUSTED: Kick it just to be sure it’s dead.
:ElirazRUST: It didn’t even react. It’s dead, jer.
>Now, we've got a key stone to recover.
:ElirazRUST: Err… I can recover it later, alright?
>No thanks needed, Eliraz.
:ElirazRUST: Please, I owe you my life, let me repay you!
:JerichoRUSTED: Um… You did save my life when you forced me into the water…
:ElirazRUST: …well… um… That doesn’t count? …let me just repay you, alright?

>Now grab that mummified lizard and kiss him dramatically like they do in action films after the climactic fight~
:ElirazRUST: (*Sigh* Oh, how I wish to give this shining knight his just reward… but… wait, did I think that out loud!? Um… forget I thought about that, please?)
>Now, what was that mumbling you were doing about being "both"? You don't have any female bits, do you?
:ElirazRUST: (Err… i-it was j-just the… um… h-hallucinations talking… n-nothing more… h-honest!)
>we can get you some real food, water, and sleep.
:ElirazRUST: …mmm… sleep sounds… good…
:JerichoRUSTED: …Eliraz?
:ElirazRUST: *Snore*

>It looks like Mr sad face guardian is back.
:JerichoRUSTED: Oh, it’s you… let me guess, you’re going to disappear right when I’m looking at you, right?
:MaskedManRUST: Not really…
:JerichoRUSTED: I kne- wait, what? You spoke?
:ElirazRUST: *Snore*

Insert It’s a team effort, guys!_
>>
No. 550839 ID: 76b151

Lemme guess you are another player.
>>
No. 550840 ID: 001618

my god we're everywhere, so why's he talking to us this time instead of trying to gut us or push us down really big fucking holes in the floor?
>>
No. 550843 ID: 96b823

(Wow, this Shadow sushi is surprisingly delicious! Pardon me while I talk with my metaphorical mouth full of metaphorical sushi.)

Okay, I'm glad he stuck around. Maybe he'll answer our questions, and if we're really lucky the answers won't be so cryptic as to be worthless.

Alright, for starters ask him who he is, what he is, what's his role in all this, if he's the same masked man we've seen all those times before, and why he's been taking actions that led you down here to defeat Shadow. That covers the biggest questions I have right now.

I'm betting he's an ancient powerful Guardian of the Heaven's Tears, since he wears their mask, and his recent actions appear to have been to get you down here to intercept Shadow before she could leave with the key stone. He may also be an agent of the prophecy, working to see it play out roughly how it is written.

>>550839
I dunno. With what little we know he could be an NPC or a player with a different set of objectives and agenda than the ones we've met so far.
>>
No. 550844 ID: 7bbaae

>>550838
Alright, ask who he is and what he wants you to collect the tears for. Also, what do they do?
>>
No. 550846 ID: dbe554

Ask if he's alone, or if he's working with others on this. It'd be a good thing to know if he's got a group of same faced beings or if he's been the same one this entire time.
>>
No. 550862 ID: b3ca75
File 138628842919.png - (7.88KB , 900x450 , 40.png )
550862

>Lemme guess you are another player.
:MaskedManRUST: Not currently…
>Alright, for starters ask him who he is, what he is…
:MaskedManRUST: Who… and what I am is irrelevant.
:JerichoRUSTED: …It’s relevant because I want to know!
:MaskedManRUST: What you want and what I want is irrelevant. The only thing that matters is what happen.
:JerichoRUSTED: …you like using the word irrelevant, don’t you?
:MaskedManRUST: How many times I use the word irrelevant is irrelevant.
>what's his role in all this.
:MaskedManRUST: …it depends.
:JerichoRUSTED: …on what?
:MaskedManRUST: That also depends…

>if he's the same masked man we've seen all those times before?
:MaskedManRUST: Yes.
:JerichoRUSTED: Finally a straight answer!
>why he's been taking actions that led you down here to defeat Shadow.
:MaskedManRUST: Did you know, that the AI’s can’t actually defeat each other? Oh, sure, they wage war, but they can’t actually win or lose. You, on the other hand, just won over an AI, which means that you aren’t an AI, are you? Quite interesting, right?
>I'm betting he's an ancient powerful Guardian of the Heaven's Tears.
:MaskedManRUST: Wearing a mask doesn’t change who’s underneath.
>He may also be an agent of the prophecy, working to see it play out roughly how it is written.
:MaskedManRUST: In a sense, yes, writing it does help, doesn’t it… if anything, I do want to see what I’ll write in the end.
>Why he wants you to collect the tears for. Also, what do they do?
:MaskedManRUST: They change the world. Maybe for the better, maybe for the worse. It all depends on who’s in control in the end. But… I can’t really go into more details then that…
:JerichoRUSTED: Why?
:MaskedManRUST: Because you’re about to wake up from your hallucination filled dream. Oh, and give B4t3 my regards… he’s choice was quite interesting, wasn’t it? …and please don’t break the game…
:JerichoRUSTED: …what ar-
>>
No. 550863 ID: b3ca75
File 138628844289.png - (7.11KB , 900x450 , 41.png )
550863

:JerichoRUSTED: -Ngt huh?
:TeraRUST: Oh, you’re awake! Please hold still, pebble, your arm is still a bit lose.
:JerichoRUSTED: …what happened?
:TeraRUST: According to Ilbir, you and the prince fell down a pit trap straight down into a chamber filled with hallucinating inducing mushrooms. With all that water and it being completely undisturbed for the gods knows how long that place was filled with spores form those mushrooms.
:JerichoRUSTED: …wait, if I was hallucinating, how did I lose my arm?
:TeraRUST: Oh, you walked right into a blade trap. You’re lucky you had this statue head in your arms or you would have probably only been half the man you’re now. Ilbir thinks it’s a golems head and it’s still working, but I don’t know… seems pretty dead to me.
:JerichoRUSTED: …right… tha- wait, Eliraz? Is he okay!?
:TeraRUST: The prince? Oh, he’s fine… a bit under the weather and hungry, but fine. Poor kid doesn’t seem to have eaten in ages… but he did find one of those weird blue stones down there. So that’s some good news, I guess?

Insert Damn you, Beta! Stop stealing all my time!_
>>
No. 550866 ID: 7fea89

...Well.
That's very important to know.
Well Jericho. From what I understand of what happened...
AI's like us or Shadow can fight, but we cannot win.
Therefore, it's up to the characters we bring in, like you 'the Pebble' or Tera 'the acolyte' to help us fight our opponents...If we choose to fight. We might be able to cut a deal with them maybe? Who knows...At any rate, important facts-
-we advise you, but you can turn on us, as Eliraz demonstrated on Shadow.
-the battles are a mixture of both us, the AI, and our characters fighting, presumably.
-Something important to note is that while killing you IS the fastest way to 'kill' us, we can be killed seperate from you...
Now, since characters are given to the winner, don't feel like you MUST fight for us. You can if you want to, and I'm sure we will do what we can to help you as well, but it's not necessarily a battle you have to fight, if I understand this right.
>>
No. 550872 ID: 7bbaae

>>550863
We should go back down there with some sort of protection from the mushrooms. We need to get beta a body. And check out what's actually down there.
>>
No. 550874 ID: dbe554

Who found us down there without hallucinating as well?
>>
No. 550875 ID: 9ddf68

ask beta if he's up yet or not... and if he is if he's talking normal again or still in that weird kinda high way? also it seems we're back to seeing the game world now as beta's head does look stone now so it would probably be best if we keep the metal doors and force fields to ourselves for now.
>>
No. 550877 ID: 9ddf68

>>550874
and to add to this how does a mummy hallucinate anyways, I don't think they have any lungs... or a freaking brain for that matter, how does that work?
>>
No. 550879 ID: 76b151

I'm kinda wondering how a mummy was infected by spores? Being undead kinda protects against mind effects usually.
>>
No. 550882 ID: 322908

Where are we?

Also, ask what happened to Adil.
>>
No. 550914 ID: 041c8f

>>550866
Side note on that. Weather you fight for us or not, there is a storm coming; not of our making. And unless you rise to the challenge, it will ruin you and everyone else in its path. Our general goal is to turn that coming tragedy around. That means saving you and your friends. So our goals are very much in line with what you most likely want.

The bad news (if that wasn't grim enough.) The other players will not necessarily leave you alone as a non issue if you don't want to go along with us. This isn't a threat. Just an observation of past cycles. So avoidance is not a path of safety. (most likely)

But the bottom line is our victory conditions are so to speak, pretty much as close to a happily ever after that a person in your condition can get. Not sure how that will come out, but we did a pretty good job of making a lich girl find love acceptance and family. So our track record is pretty good.

One last thing. This meta concept stuff will make most people think your crazy... no I don't think we need to tell you that, you have a bit more common sense than some off our previous charges. Whom, by the way we have gotten all out alive to date.

One last, last thing before I forget. The System, game, or what ever it is... even we are certain, love illusions, hallucination and generally is whats happening really happening twist you mind scenarios. I've seen like 7 or 8 illusionary adventures nested in each other as our hero tried to find their way back to QUOTE Reality UNQUOTE. So be careful and we will watch you back.
>>
No. 550947 ID: 96b823

Check with Tera how long you're going to have to remain still. I'd like to get things done out there soon, but not if your arm is going to fall off if you get up. And ask about getting modded with internal storage and if Tera can do the work here. If you're going to be stuck laying here then you may as well get it now. See if she can make it hidden as well, so we can hide our inventory from searches.

Definitely ask Tera how the heck, as a mummy, you went trippin' on mushroom spores. Then ask if you could have some of those mushrooms collected for your personal use later. As an undead your options for mind-altering experiences are rather low, so get this one while you can.

Ask Tera what happened to Adil, then tell her what happened in the ruins entrance with the Masked Man. Also, to check if it was a hallucination, ask her if you had any burn damage as well, then tell her that down there Eliraz, under the control of Shadow, set you on fire with a torch.

Tell her that you're nearly certain that that's a golem's head, since it spoke to you earlier. It's body was broken and you were bringing it to a replacement one when you ran into Shadow. Then tell her it told you there should be a compatible body through the third door up on the right in the statue room. Unless that was all a hallucination, but it's as good a place as any for Ilbir to check first.

Oh, also tell Tera that Shadow is dead. You, we and Eliraz killed her while on that hallucinatory trip to the "spirit realm" or "mental plane" or wherever... Well, whatever it was she's dead and Eliraz is free and can finally eat, drink and sleep again. We ought to tell Ilbir this ASAP as well. We don't want him thinking Shadow is still in control of the prince, since he might take actions against him.

Hmmm... So if the hallucinatory mushroom spores were trapped below, then supposedly what we saw in the entranceway wasn't a hallucination. That means the keycard was a keycard and not a key or something else with a hallucination over it, and that implies the keycard readers and everything else that goes with that. Better collect your clothes and inventory ASAP to check the keycards you got.
>>
No. 551049 ID: fd6ae9

Guys, you forgot to ask Mr. Mask there why he killed Adil.

But yeah, ask what happened to him. He was there with you, and you swear he got stabbed with a glowing blade in your 'hallucination'.

Also yeah Tera, we shouldn't have to worry about the shadow anymore. The Prince should be free.

>I'm kinda wondering how a mummy was infected by spores? Being undead kinda protects against mind effects usually.
Mummies also usually don't breathe. Or have lungs at all, actually.
>>
No. 551067 ID: b3ca75
File 138646369709.png - (7.38KB , 900x450 , 42.png )
551067

>Where are we?
In a tent… probably in the camp right above the ruins.

>Who found us down there without hallucinating as well?
:TeraRUST: Ilbir and Kranhon found you. They made some makeshift mask with some wet cloth.
>Check with Tera how long you're going to have to remain still.
:TeraRUST: Just a few minutes. It’s almost healed.
>Ask about getting modded with internal storage and if Tera can do the work here.
:TeraRUST: I kind of need some tools for that… tools that I don’t have. We have to visit the temple when we get back if you want some extra space.

>how the heck, as a mummy, did you star trippin' on mushroom spores?
:JerichoRUSTED: I mean, aren’t undead immune to mind effecting spells?
:TeraRUST: You are? I’m pretty sure it’s the other way around; your mind is more fragile than usual. There is a reason why the undead generally goes bonkers after a few years.
:JerichoRUSTED: But you said I couldn’t get drunk!
:TeraRUST: Well, you can’t by drinking the stuff. If you cut yourself open and pour the stuff directly into your core… um… the place where your mind is right now, you’d get pretty drunk. Same stuff with the spores, anything that’s airborne will generally affects you just as much as someone that breathes. You aren’t air thigh, you know.
>Ask if you could have some of those mushrooms collected for your personal use later.
:TeraRUST: …I’m not helping you start a drug habit.
:JerichoRUSTED: Ah, you’re no fun…
>what happened to Adil
:TeraRUST: Adil? The other undead slave? Oh, they found his clothes down in a pit trap. The poor basted probably wander right into it while hallucinating, thus killing himself.

>ask her if you had any burn damage.
:TeraRUST: Your clothes was badly burned, but it seems your body was spared, so you’ll have to borrow some clothes from me until we get back, alright? By the way, how did you…?
:JerichoRUSTED: The Shadow attacked me with a torch… don’t worry, she’s been dealt with permanently. Trust me.
:TeraRUST: You better tell Ilbir that.
>Tell her that you're nearly certain that that's a golem's head, since it spoke to you earlier.
:TeraRUST: It did? It doesn’t seem to work now, thought. You sure you weren’t hallucinating?
>supposedly what we saw in the entranceway wasn't a hallucination. That means the keycard was a keycard…
:JerichoRUSTED: …where is my stuff?
:TeraRUST: Right there… what? Are you missing something?
:JerichoRUSTED: …you haven’t seen a weird looking playing card, have you? …wait, I’m missing the knife too? Where is the knife the princess gave me!?
:TeraRUST: I dunno, haven’t seen either of those things, sorry… well, I’ve never seen anything, but you get what I mean.

Insert What does your special eyes see?_
>>
No. 551068 ID: 76b151

Well the supposedly inert statue's eyes are now glowing red. Point for not being insane.
>>
No. 551070 ID: fd6ae9

Maybe someone else took the knife off you while you were unconscious? Unless your master says so, you're kind of not supposed to have weapons. If they didn't know where you got it, that makes it contraband.

Hopefully it didn't say, get lost when you were underwater.

>>551068
Yup. Glowy eyes. Is it awake?
>>
No. 551074 ID: 322908

Whelp, looks like you'll need to search for your stuff. If you want to keep the fact that you have (or had) a weapon on a need-to-know basis, only refer to it as 'a gift from the Princess' and leave it at that.

>undead generally goes bonkers after a few years.

Well crap. Is that an inevitability, or just something that happens to undead locked in crypts?
>>
No. 551075 ID: fd6ae9

>>551074
...I wonder if there are mental exercises or meditation or anything that would help with the slowly going mad problem.
>>
No. 551076 ID: dbe554

Well the reason for the Golems inactivity was because it was apart of its body, but it was asking for it to be attached to a new power source, so we kinda grabbed it, and it fell off from its body and went inert.
>>
No. 551085 ID: 7bbaae

>>551067
Wait, you're gonna go mad in a few years? Is there any way to prevent that maybe?

Regardless, we do need to get down there and get Beta connected to their new body. Let's do that as soon as your arm heals and you find your missing stuff.
>>
No. 551108 ID: 96b823

Dangit. You kinda implicitly promised to bring that dagger back to the princess and now it's either been dropped in the ruins or stolen. We'd best get on this quick, before it has a chance to wander off.

You may have to head down into the ruins again, so ask Tera what to do to protect yourself from the spores. Do you just have to cover your mouth with a damp cloth, wad it up and plug your throat, or are there other ways the air can get to your core and you're going to have to block those up as well? Also, can we get air filters installed so this crap doesn't happen again?

And they only found Adil's clothes? No bodily remains at all? Odd. Ask Tera if they found his clothes at the bottom of the pit trap you fell down and what happens to a ghoul if its core is pierced (like Adil's was.) It may just be that ghoul bodies completely burn up when their core is broken.

Oh, and ask where Adil's clothes are. No sense in wearing Tera's spares for the duration of the expedition if you can wear Adil's instead. Still have to wear hers to get his, unless you're fine with walking through camp naked.

Check if anything else has gone missing besides the dagger, throw on Tera's spare clothes, snap up B4t3's head and step out of the tent. Whisper "The Masked Man sends his regards, B4t3. Got anything to say about that?" to it once you're outside to see if you get a response.

Next go see Ilbir, first to tell him that Shadow is gone for good (he can order you to tell the truth on that to confirm,) and second to ask where the dagger the princess lent you is. We'd also like you to be on the team that goes down into the ruins to retrieve the golem's body (partly to check what the place looks like when you're not under the influence.)

We also ought to see about getting you some torso armor soon. From what we've seen your most vulnerable spot is your core; Everything else can be cut or ripped off and put back on, but a piercing hit to the core and you're done for. You'd probably be able to get Ilbir to pay for it by framing it as protecting his 1000 crown purchase from dropping dead from a (un)lucky hit.

>>551070
>>551074
If I remember correctly, Jericho isn't prohibited from possessing weapons. He's just prohibited from using them against certain targets.

And undead going crazy after only a few years isn't inevitable. Take the sultan, for example. She's been undead for more than twenty years and hasn't lost her marbles. Yet. It'd still be a good idea to ask Tera about what to do to push back the undead insanity, but probably not now.
>>
No. 551111 ID: 9ddf68

oh think beta just woke up, anyways does this mean you can still get drunk if you could just find a way to pour the alcohol to your core then? Good news Jericho, you can still do your favorite hobby. Oh and is there a way for us to go back down without getting high again so we can try and look for our stuff? we did kinda promise the princess we'd bring her dagger back and it seems bad things happen to undead who don't keep there promises soooooo yeah... we kinda need to find that damn thing now.
>>
No. 551147 ID: b3ca75
File 138652064334.png - (17.62KB , 900x450 , 43.png )
551147

>Ask Tera what to do to protect yourself from the spores.
:TeraRUST: Well, the only solution we have right now is staying away from the water filled catacombs. There wasn’t anything down there anyway so… um… anyway, if you want a more permanent solution it would be… um… quite expensive… and unconformable… I don’t actually know if it will work or not either. Even dead people generally want to feel the air, so to speak, so something like this isn’t really sought after.

>They only found Adil's clothes? No bodily remains at all?
:TeraRUST: The undead generally collapse completely when their core breaks, leaving only dust behind.
>Ask where Adil's clothes are.
:TeraRUST: Still down there, I guess. I mean, they were mostly just rags and are probably completely unusable by this point, thanks to Adil probably collapsing in them.
>You're gonna go mad in a few years? Is that an inevitability, or just something that happens to undead locked in crypts?
:TeraRUST: Well, being locked in a crypt probably doesn’t help, but it happens to everyone. Your mind isn’t entirely stable and will drift apart very slowly over time. There’s nothing to be done about that.
:JerichoRUSTED: But the sultan has been dead for like twenty years and she isn’t crazy?
:TeraRUST: Well, yeah, they usually decommission undeads after fifty years, because that’s when the mind starts to go bad.
:JerichoRUSTED: …FIFTY YEARS!? THAT’S NOT A FEW YEARS! AT ALL!! Geez, you scared me!
:TeraRUST: …it isn’t a few years? What is it then? Tens of years? It’s not a hundreds of years…
:JerichoRUSTED: You should have said fifty from the start.
:TeraRUST: Oh, right, I should have… sorry, pebble, didn’t mean to scare you like that.

>looks like you'll need to search for your stuff.
:JerichoRUSTED: Hmmm, I seem to be missing some things…
:TeraRUST: Maybe check with the prince. Ilbir took everything he should find down there up with him so maybe he gave it to the wrong person.
>snap up B4t3's head and ste-
:TeraRUST: What are you doing?
:JerichoRUSTED: Um… taking the golem head?
:TeraRUST: Not with that arm, you aren’t! That thing is heavy, so unless you want to lose that arm again leave the head here. It’s not going anywhere, right?
>Whisper "The Masked Man sends his regards, B4t3. Got anything to say about that?"
:B4t3RUST: [Stop trying to break the game or you’ll be permanently banned! This is your last warning!]
:JerichoRUSTED: …did you hear that?
:TeraRUST: Hear what?
:JerichoRUSTED: Never mind…
:TeraRUST: Um… there can still be some spores left inside you, so if I was you I should ignore anything strange that might happen.

Insert Ban hammer!_
>>
No. 551149 ID: fd6ae9

>fifty few
Terra, the generally accepted definition for a 'few' is 'more than three'. The prospect of going in mad in as little as 3 years is pretty scary. In 50, it's more like slowly succumbing to old age like everyone else.

>Stop trying to break the game or you’ll be permanently banned! This is your last warning!
...could we request a formal list of our infractions so we may avoid repeating them in the future? I can't seem to find our copy of the terms of service or user agreement, and we would appreciate some assistance so we may stay in compliance.

Sorry for the trouble.

>still spores inside
Cough! ...outdoors. In this little tent if you get them out, you risk contaminating Terra.
>>
No. 551155 ID: 2fc3e9

>>551149
Agreeing about the infractions. Plus, our sole duty has been to break the game in past incarnations.
>>
No. 551156 ID: dbe554

Tiny tents! Anyways we should find Mr Ilbir and tell him about the Shadow's disappearance.
>>
No. 551159 ID: 9ddf68

well might as well see how the prince is doing, and get that dagger back so we don't break our word to the princess. Also to beta, is talking to you breaking the rules, or using your name, would finding you a new body still be breaking the rules? just trying to figure out if talking to you alright or not.
>>
No. 551165 ID: 6d4a47

I think dealing with anything that is aware of existence being a game that is NOT another player but say, Bata there, is an offense, besides which, it makes us look crazy as all get out to do so anyway, most likely.
We are used to trying to game our way out of a bad situation, I will say that...
>>
No. 551171 ID: b3ca75
File 138653161685.png - (7.36KB , 900x450 , 44.png )
551171

>...could we request a formal list of our infractions so we may avoid repeating them in the future?
:B4t3RUST: [Any action that would break, expose or otherwise derail the game. This includes referring to this unit as B4t3. This unit is simply a currently non-functional golem and not a really handsome and/or sexy android. Please try to stay in character at all times.]
:TeraRUST: …are you whispering to that golem head?
:JerichoRUSTED: …no?
>Terra, the generally accepted definition for a 'few' is 'more than three'.
:TeraRUST: I’ve already said I was sorry, geez.
>Cough! ...outdoors.
:JerichoRUSTED: *Cough*cough*
:TeraRUST: You probably got some stuck inside your ribcage and stuff. Coughing won’t solve it. Don’t worry, I’ll wash you clean when we get back.
>We should find Mr Ilbir and tell him about the Shadow's disappearance.
:TeraRUST: He’s down in the ruins. You should probably wait until he gets back.

>We’ll might as well see how the prince is doing, and get that dagger back so we don't break our word to the princess.
:JerichoRUSTED: Eliraz?
:ElirazRUST: Ah, my knight in shi- err, I mean Jericho. Nice to know that you to is alright.
:JerichoRUSTED: …you don’t look alright to me, my prince.
:ElirazRUST: Oh, I’m fine, really… it’s just the lack of sleep and proper food that is taking its tool… now that the shadow isn’t keeping me nourished. Don’t worry; I’ll be alright as soon as I get some proper sleep and a nice grand meal.
:JerichoRUSTED: That’s good to hear… um… listen, I’m missing some of my stuff and-
:ElirazRUST: The knife, right? I’m sorry, but I… um… borrowed it from you when we were fighting down in the ruins… it’s my sisters, right?
:JerichoRUSTED: Yes, she lent it to me… to bring me luck.
:ElirazRUST: …luck? I’ve never heard that this blade brings luck… but I do know it should be enchanted. It was my fathers, you know. He got it from some ruins and was able to repair it… it’s supposedly very effective against magical creatures, like the undead or golems... hmm… I wonder… maybe that’s why it was so effective against the shadow? Oh sorry, I just keep talking, don’t I… sorry… here, take it… she did lend it to you, after all…

Insert +4 against magical creatures_
>>
No. 551172 ID: 9ddf68

well thank him for helping you down there and since you're here might as well ask if he want you to grab him a meal or something, I mean he does look a little out of it, to the point where I'm having a hard time deciding weather or not he's pissed that his sister gave you the blade or just tired.
>>
No. 551173 ID: fd6ae9

>Infractions
Oooh, I get it. The 'hallucination' let Jericho see behind the curtain. And now we're being asked to kindly maintain the masquerade.

>for luck
Well, a gift can bring one luck, even if it's not specifically enchanted that way.

Still, useful enchantment.

Thank him.
>>
No. 551174 ID: 828582

Actually...I'm kind of thinking each of you guys should have a way to fight if we happen to be riding you went we run into another 'God' like the Shadow...
Wait, Shadow was nourishing you!? How do we do that!? I dunno about you guys but that sounds like an awesome power we really should figure out!
[clean mushroom particles from Jericho]
That hopefully will do the trick, and we'll have to remember that's a thing we can do!
>>
No. 551186 ID: b3ca75
File 138653779176.png - (7.14KB , 900x450 , 45.png )
551186

>[clean mushroom particles from Jericho]
…I have no idea if that worked or not.
>I'm having a hard time deciding whether or not he's pissed that his sister gave you the blade or just tired.
…me too… he does sound a bit angry but… I don’t think it’s directed to me…

>Ask if he want you to grab him a meal or something.
:ElirazRUST: Not right now, but thank you for asking. I’m going back to the city soon… in fact, I do believe Tera and you will accompany me back. We’ll be leaving as soon as the sun starts to set.
>Well, a gift can bring one luck, even if it's not specifically enchanted that way.
:ElirazRUST: True… but it doesn’t feel like she would just give something like this for luck. She holds that blade in very high regards, after all.
>Thank him.
:ElirazRUST: Thank me? If anything I should thank you!
:JerichoRUSTED: We’ve already been over this. You already sa-
:ElirazRUST: Now, now, I’m very grateful for what you’ve done and I must insist that I’ll reward you. What to you wish to have? Riches? Power? Some fine food and wine? Magical items? Ladies? Men? Anything you wish for, whatever your heart desire, I’ll give it to you… um… in moderation, of course.
:JerichoRUSTED: …you really don’t need to do this.
:ElirazRUST: Please, Jericho, let me reward you. Let me reward you like the handsome knight yo- err… like the brave warrior you are…

Insert Choose your quest reward_
>>
No. 551189 ID: fd6ae9

Tell him you'll think about it, and tell him if and when you need a favor.

Your (un)life has been so unexpected lately you're not sure what you need.
>>
No. 551193 ID: 9ddf68

do we have to decide right now? I'd rather wait on this till we really need his help with something. Besides why should he be rewarding us, we're friends right? friends look out for each other.
>>
No. 551194 ID: 96b823

Anything? Well, may as well go whole hog, shoot for the moon and see what sticks.

Ask to be unbound from slavery, instated as a full citizen of the Serath Kingdoms, continue working for Ilbir as you are, albeit with a salary and the freedom to leave if you wish, and to be paid whatever sum of money the prince deems as enough to fulfill the remainder of the reward. ...And also ask for a knighthood and suit a of polished armor, since for some reason the prince seems to keep thinking you ought to have those too.

Oh, before you leave the tent tell Eliraz that we accidentally blabbed to Tera earlier that Shadow was possessing him, and she told Ilbir. You haven't gotten a chance to tell Ilbir Shadow's dead yet, so you need to do that before leaving camp so there aren't any complications for Eliraz later.

>"I have no idea if that worked or not"
Yeah, I dunno either. Better see what you can do to dry out your interior until Tera can flush you out with fungicide. That'll keep any spores from sprouting before then.

Hmmm... Let's see if this works: [Nourish pawn "The Thief] Oh, wait! Got an idea. [List capabilities, powers and special abilities of Player Teal] That's info a player ought to be able to call up mid-game.
>>
No. 551198 ID: 7bbaae

Freedom- wait no you didn't actually enjoy that much. How about protection versus people that could try to dissect you for being a dipole mage?
>>
No. 551208 ID: b3ca75
File 138654519963.png - (7.16KB , 900x450 , 46.png )
551208

>[List capabilities, powers and special abilities of Player Teal]

>[Nourish pawn "The Thief]
:JerichoRUSTED: …are you feeling a bit better?
:ElirazRUST: …no? Why do you ask?
:JerichoRUSTED: Forget about it.

>Why should he be rewarding us, we're friends right? friends look out for each other.
:ElirazRUST: …yes… friends. We’re friends…
:JerichoRUSTED: Why do you sound sad?
:ElirazRUST: Hmm? Oh, it’s nothing. But you’re right, we’re friends! Friends are supposed to have each other’s back, don’t they?
>Anything? Well, may as well go whole hog, shoot for the moon and see what sticks.
:JerichoRUSTED: So… just to test if the sand is filled with skrangs here… let’s say I wished for freedom?
:ElirazRUST: Oh, I wouldn’t recommend that… well, unless you want to go back to your tribe, that is. I can give you freedom, but not the right to stay with us as a free man. Sorry.
:JerichoRUSTED: So… knighthood is out of the question?
:ElirazRUST: Not even I have the power to make those who choose who is knighted even consider you.

>Tell him you'll think about it, and tell him if and when you need a favor.
:ElirazRUST: Of course, take your time!
>Tell Eliraz that we accidentally blabbed to Tera earlier that Shadow was possessing him, and she told Ilbir.
:ElirazRUST: Yes, I know… I’ve talked to Ilbir. I told him what happened but… he seems to still be a bit paranoid, if the guards outside my tent are anything to go by.
>How about protection versus people that could try to dissect you for being a dipole mage?
:JerichoRUSTED: Hmm… can you keep a secret? A secret that might jeopardize my life?
:ElirazRUST: Of course, anything for you… um… it’s about you being a antipode mage, right?
:JerichoRUSTED: How did you-
:ElirazRUST: You were throwing around a bunch of magic in front of me when we fought Shadow, remember? I’m pretty sure I wasn’t hallucinating so… Tell me the truth, Jericho.
:JerichoRUSTED: Nnnnnn-yes… I’m an antipode mage…
:ElirazRUST: Don’t worry, your secret is safe with me… in fact, to be fair I’ll tell you a grave secret I’ve been keeping… so we both have something to hold over the other…
:JerichoRUSTED: …you don’t have to do that.
:ElirazRUST: Please… I… I probably need this… even if you’ll think I’m a freak but… um… I’m… I’m a hermaphrodite.
:JerichoRUSTED: You’re a what?
:ElirazRUST: …I knew you wouldn’t ac-
:JerichoRUSTED: No, Seriously, you’re a what? I don’t know what that hemermite thingy is!
:ElirazRUST: …oh.

Insert Read a book, you dummy!_
>>
No. 551209 ID: fd6ae9

>No, Seriously, you’re a what? I don’t know what that hemermite thingy is!
...you know how you got fire and ice magic when people are only ever supposed to get one?

That's what Eliraz has. Except with genders.
>>
No. 551210 ID: 9ddf68

he has boy and girl parts. that's what a hermaphrodite is, no big deal really, kinda like your one god, the one that's depicted as both a guy and a chick. So now you both have a secrete on the other, neat. so what's next
>>
No. 551211 ID: abffe3

He can physically show you, ask him~
>>
No. 551212 ID: 2fc3e9

>>551211
Don't get creepy.

He has both sets of genitalia. It's likely that only one set or neither set is functional, although I suppose there's a chance that both could function, what with magic and a different species.
>>
No. 551213 ID: 7bbaae

>>551208
Well I guess if you were feeling awkward about romance with him because of him being a guy, that wasn't an entirely accurate way of seeing things.

What do you think about it now?
>>
No. 551217 ID: dbe554

Well that explains those hips and tail now doesn't it.
>>
No. 551221 ID: 96b823

Jericho, "hermaphrodite" means that Eliraz is both male and female. He has both sets of genitals, as well as a mix of secondary sexual characteristics from both sexes. That explains how he has a male scent and markings along with a feminine tail and hips.

So, has your attitude about Eliraz changed now that you know what's under his underwear? You liked him before when he hugged you, but would you now? He hasn't changed but for this knowledge. So how about a test? Clear your mind, hug him and see how you feel.
>>
No. 551265 ID: b3ca75
File 138660918033.png - (6.85KB , 900x450 , 47.png )
551265

>He has both sets of genitalia.
Oh! So that’s what that means!
>no big deal really…
Of course this is a big deal! It means he has received a wonderful gift from the gods… but… he doesn’t really seem so happy about it.
>He can physically show you, ask him~
W-what? No! That… n-no.
>What do you think about him now?
I’d rather focus on who he is instead of what he got down there. According to the books I’ve read this whole love thing is about personality and not about the sexes… err… or they are supposed to help but… you know, I should probably read some more about this whole relationship for life thing…

>Clear your mind, hug him and see how you feel.
…I don’t think hugging him will change how I feel about him… but… I do think Eliraz needs a hug… it almost looks like he’s about to start crying at any moment.
:JerichoRUSTED: Why would I think ill of you? If anything, I should be honored to be in the presence of someone that’s been blessed with both the strength of a man as well as the wisdom of a woman.
:ElirazRUST: I… w-what?
:JerichoRUSTED: And it doesn’t matter what you are… the thing that matters is who you are. You’re Eliraz, the prince… don’t let something like this define who you are…
:ElirazRUST: …thank you… you don’t k-know how much t-that means to me… so… t-thank you… thank you so much, Jericho…
:JerichoRUSTED: (Um… I think it’s like that, right? I mean, I read it in a book on the way here and… books don’t lie, right? At least non-fictional books…?)

Insert Stop reading trashy romance novels, Jerry!_
>>
No. 551266 ID: a79e6f

well it seemed to work but try not to be so cheesy in the future, there is such a thing as to much. anyways now that we got the knife back and seem to be heading back to town later today we got anything else to do in the mean time or are we just going to bum around for a bit?
>>
No. 551270 ID: fd6ae9

>but… he doesn’t really seem so happy about it.
Yes, and you've always been happy about your gifts. (The dual-magic, being resurrected...)

>why would anyone be upset about that?
Well... people do have this nasty tendency to fear or hate or revile things or people that are different.

>books don’t lie, right?
Well, what's in a book kind of depends on the person writing it.

But not in this case. You did good, Jer.
>>
No. 551278 ID: dbe554

You did good Jericho, some people abhor the different and by showing that you don't you've relieved him, he thought you would outright fear, or hate him.
>>
No. 551284 ID: b3ca75
File 138662596940.png - (22.91KB , 900x450 , 48.png )
551284

>You did good, Jer.
I hope so. I’d hate to see him hurt.
>Yes, and you've always been happy about your gifts. (The dual-magic, being resurrected...)
Touché…
>Try not to be so cheesy in the future, there is such a thing as too much.
…wait, what does coagulated milk have to do with anything?

>Anyways now that we got the knife back and seem to be heading back to town later today we got anything else to do in the meantime or are we just going to bum around for a bit?
Hmmm… well, I should always-
:ElirazRUST: Hey, what’s that commotion outside? Um… can you go and check, Jericho?
:JerichoRUSTED: Sure, I guess?

:AvirisRUST: Can I have everyone’s attention please? …shot the servant so they know we mean business.
:GuardRUST: On it, boss.
:JerichoRUSTED: Ow!
:AvirisRUST: …I meant then one that is still alive, you incompetent peasant. Well then, now that I have your undying attention, I’m here to offer a trade. Give me everything here and I’ll let you live. What do you say?
:IlbirRUST: Ah, Aviris… I’ve been expecting you. So good that you could make it!
:AvirisRUST: If you’re expecting your mercenary friends to backstab me you’re mistaken. I’ve already paid them three times your price after they accidentally mentioned your little insurance. I even came here in person to make sure the job is completed.
:ThaarkRUST: Sorry dwarf, but we got to follow the money, right?

[You can now control The pebble, The acolyte, The Scholar and The warrior.]

Insert All hail coagulated milk, our lord and savior! Oh great coagulated milk, please bless the blessed coagulated milk makers…_
>>
No. 551285 ID: 88960e

>Gotta follow the money
What about following the people? You've already been paid, so why not side with the more interesting ones to talk to who have a girl you like? He's just a rich jerk. Plus, this side has the secret magic headvoices. Wouldn't you rather we help you in the future, rather than work against you? We won't have much else to do if you get our friends killed, after all.
>>
No. 551286 ID: 9ddf68

... think we could get them to go into the spore room under the guess that we've found something under the water but are having a bitch of a time trying to get it out so when they head down tehre to see what it is we can just deal with them when they're high off there ass... or just leave them down there till the active all the traps for us so we don't have to worry about finding them ourselves. If you don't think the water thing will work then just tell them about the big ass statue then, just make it sound more expansive then it is.
>>
No. 551287 ID: f6c37a

Hrrmmm...OK.
Warrior, gonna use you as a focal point, MOVE!!!
[Spawn bomb at Warrior's location!]
The rest of you, get ready to fight!
>>
No. 551288 ID: 322908

Ilbir, unless you have an ace up your sleeve we don't know about, try to trick them into the catacombs with the spores. It'll at least split them up, and hopefully incapacitate a few of them.

Jericho, stand by. If/when this goes hot, set that clown's clothes on fire, and try to keep your distance from the enemy until you can get your hands on a weapon.

Thaark, shame on you. I can only hope Tera can forgive you if you go through with this.

Tera, you're the one thing that could convince Thaark to stop, other than money. If Ilbir can't come up with that, you'll have to convince him.
>>
No. 551289 ID: 9ddf68

>>551288
ummm, wouldn't setting someone on fire kinda spell the beans that Jericho is a duel mage. I mean he's a tribal, he SHOULD only be able to use ice magic and even then since he's undead he should be able to cast magic at all.
>>
No. 551290 ID: 7bbaae

>>551284
Thaark: This is where you kill everyone on one side, right? It sounds like Aviris paid you up front again. Tsk, what a dolt. I'd give you advice on how to best use the element of surprise but I bet you have more experience in this sort of thing. Oh, one thing you could do is try to toss a crossbow to Jericho, the mummy, once the fighting starts. Then he could help out without risking himself.

Jericho: You should probably stay out of this and hide behind a barrel, unless you can get your hands on a crossbow or something. Well, maybe you could use some ice magic if things get dicey. You won't get dissected for that. Just make sure it's ice.

Ilbir: Hey uh you should know we were wrong about the mercenaries, they are trying to complete both contracts but Aviris's is badly worded so they're gonna betray him, not you. Don't spoil the element of surprise though. Maybe try to develop a better tactical situation for them if anything.

>>551287
I... don't think we can do that.
>>
No. 551292 ID: 96b823

Jericho, pull back. I don't feel it's safe to be in the middle of all this, and I suspect you'll agree. Head back to Tera and get that bolt injury looked at and maybe fixed. If the situation goes really bad, then you can break out the ice magic, and ONLY the ice magic. At least that way at worst you'd get is having your anti-magic runes put back in the right way around.

Tera, if you haven't already heard Aviris and his goon squad are here. They just shot Jericho in the shoulder you just finished fixing. Could you step out here and patch him up, please. Also, Thaark's switched sides, but we're pretty sure it's a ploy and he's going to trick Aviris. Just play along and hurl some curses his direction.

Thaark, assuming your cunning plan is to exploit Aviris' vaguely worded contract to get paid by both sides and get away with it, we'll help you. We can communicate between you, Ilbir, Jericho, and Tera right now to set it up. Also know that we will hold you personally responsible if any of them die or are seriously harmed here. Now, how much have you told Aviris so far about what's happened on this expedition?

Ilbir, first things first: How well have you hidden the key stone? Don't tell us where. Just tell us how hard it'd be for Aviris to find. We do not want this asshat running off with it. Second: How many pages and how ironclad is the contract you made with Thaark? 'Cause we think he's going to exploit Aviris' poorly worded contract to fulfill both contracts without killing you.

Now, we think that Aviris and his men could be tricked into heading down into the spore-filled ruins. If you say that if he'd had come a few days later you'd have hauled more up here for him to take, but as is all you have is the head of a statue. If he wants it he'll have to bring it up himself.

Oh, and one more thing: Shadow's dead. We, Jericho, and Eliraz killed her. Then we ripped her to pieces and ate her. She's not ever coming back, so don't worry about Eliraz being possessed.
>>
No. 551680 ID: b3ca75
File 138686861185.png - (26.50KB , 900x450 , 49.png )
551680

>[Spawn bomb at Warrior's location!]
:ThaarkRUST: (Did you just try and blow me up!? I thought we were friends!)
>Thaark, shame on you.
:ThaarkRUST: (Shame on me? I’m not the one who just tried to brutally murder someone with a bomb! Besides, everything is going according to plan! I knew Aviris was both paranoid and stupid enough to come here in person… I just didn’t expect him to bring this many guards…)

>set that clown's clothes on fire.
:JerichoRUSTED: (First off, I don’t want to go around throwing magic around in front of people. Second, I’m still exhausted from all the spell casting earlier so the only thing I can light right now is a candle and third, I can’t hurt people, I’m a servant, remember?)
>How well have you hidden the key stone? Don't tell us where. Just tell us how hard it'd be for Aviris to find.
:IlbirRUST: (Err… why it’s hiding in one of the most cleverest of places… it in my pocket, probably completely visible from Aviris point of view… I didn’t have time to hide it, alright?)
>How many pages and how ironclad is the contract you made with Thaark?
:IlbirRUST: (It’s about two dozen pages long… and it would be enough to make sure he doesn’t backstab me.)

>Jericho, pull back.
>Tera, Could you step out here and patch him up, please.
:TeraRUST: Can you at least try to not get hurt for five minutes, little pebble?
:GuardRUST: Sir, shouldn’t we sto-
:AvirisRUST: It’s a blind priest and a servant. They aren’t a threat, imbecile!

>We think that Aviris and his men could be tricked into heading down into the spore-filled ruins.
:IlbirRUST: I’m sorry, but we haven’t had the time to properly excavate the rui-
:AvirisRUST: Cut the chatter, midget. Give me the stone… I can see it in your pocket from here.
:IlbirRUST:
>Don't spoil the element of surprise though. Maybe try to develop a better tactical situation for them if anything.
:IlbirRUST: Very well. Here…
:AvirisRUST: Good. Guards! Ki-
>>
No. 551681 ID: b3ca75
File 138686862858.png - (27.13KB , 900x450 , 50.png )
551681

>Thaark: This is where you kill everyone on one side, right?
:ThaarkRUST: Attack!!
:AvirisRUST: Wha- You backstabbing son of a- We had a deal!!
:ThaarkRUST: I’m only following your orders, sir. Just making sure that the stones ends up in the hands of the rightful owner.
:AvirisRUST: KILL THEM ALL!!
:ThaarkRUST: Um… I think he’s getting away… can anyone stop him?
:TheenRUST: S-sorry sir… busy b-being hit b-by a bolt…
:ThuulRUST: Busy fighting, boss!

Insert Run away, little girl, run away…
>>
No. 551682 ID: e9e331

Hey, Jericho. Think You could tackle the guy before he gets away
>>
No. 551683 ID: dbe554

Poor Theen, he took a bolt to the knee, He will never adventure again.

Jericho, you could freeze the legs on his getaway mount while nobody is looking, and then pretend to fall off inside and make it so that you couldn't have done it.
>>
No. 551695 ID: fd6ae9

You're up then, Jer. Don't let him get away!

Should be permissible, since you're taking action against the instigator of a direct threat to your masters, and trying to remove a future threat before it can attack again. And you don't actually have to kill him, just disable him, or prevent him from escaping (possibly by disabling or setting lose his mount?).

>I thought we were friends!
Uh, don't mind that. Sorry, we can be kind of fractured and reactionary, sometimes. Most of us didn't want to kill you.
>>
No. 551697 ID: 96b823

Jericho, time to see how well those undead legs of yours work. Sprint along the rise over Aviris' and leap down onto his raptor's head. Pull your dagger as you fall and jam it into the raptor's eye; It's not a person, so it's fair game. Aviris' clothes are also technically not a person, so grabbing and ripping open its pockets is fair game as well.

Thaark, we're deeply sorry. We weren't 100% sure in trusting you, and some of us are impulsive and dumb, but be assured your actions here have secured our trust. Good luck. ...And if you don't make it out alive, we'll make sure you get raised or put to rest, whichever is your choice.

Tera, we probably don't need to say this, but get flat to the ground! We really don't want you to catch a stray crossbow bolt to the head. And if you think you can, crawl under the edge of Eliraz's tent and get him down and away from the fight.

Ilbir, if you're still alive, I trust you're smart enough to handle yourself. But if it gets bad enough you have to fall back, head into the ruins; If you head into the desert you'll get picked off by crossbows. It'll bottleneck Aviris' troops, and the spores'll do a number on them. Good luck.

It's suspicious how Aviris went straight for the key stone and is making a run for it. I smell another player at work here.
>>
No. 551699 ID: b3ca75
File 138687784851.png - (8.92KB , 900x450 , 51.png )
551699

>Poor Theen, he took a bolt to the knee, He will never adventure again.
:ThaarkRUST: (It isn’t his day today. Someone even stole his sweet roll this morning!)
>Most of us didn't want to kill you.
:ThaarkRUST: (You guys are starting to sound like my usual employers.)

>Jericho, you could freeze the legs on his getaway mount while nobody is looking.
:JerichoRUSTED: (I’m still low on magic power. Standing still for a few seconds won’t change that.)
>Hey, Jericho. Think You could tackle the guy before he gets away.
:JerichoRUSTED: Geronimo!!
:AvirisRUST: Hey! Get off, you stupid slave!
:JerichoRUSTED: Oh gods, not as plan- *Glarglegle*

Insert Don’t fall off the edge of the sky_
>>
No. 551701 ID: c6460b

Hrrrm. I'm thinking either somehow use your last bit of magic to burn his ride so it stops or let go and let him get away.
Honestly? Having the Keystones spread out isn't too bad, from what I understand of them...
Also, as the voice who tried to summon the bomb, the idea was that Thaark could dodge out of the way, especially if fore-warned about it, and it'd take out the goons Aviris hired.
>>
No. 551703 ID: 96b823

Fuck. Didn't think that Aviris could order you around. Though, I thought that Ilbir restricted who could command you after the incident with Shadow, so how'd Aviris do that?

Okay, you're low on magic power, but you still got some. Dump it into icing up the muscles in one of the raptor's legs to slow it down. At the same time, if you still have it and it's in working order, pull out the stun rod and poke the raptor with it. Otherwise pull your dagger, jam it in wherever you can and hold on tight to it. Dragging on the ground you ought to give that raptor a nasty deep cut that bleed a lot.

If Aviris' mount is still going it likely won't last long and his trail will be easy to track. You can head back to camp and get a raptor to ride after him once the fight ends.

>>551701
It would be good to have them spread out, but I don't think that'll happen here. With the way Aviris beelined for it I highly suspect another player is pulling his strings, directly or indirectly.
>>
No. 551704 ID: dbe554

Jericho! If you can grab his leg and try and drag him off, if not don't hurt yourself any further and let go. Better to let him escape then to cause yourself major self harm.
>>
No. 551706 ID: 322908

Grab onto something, preferably his foot, and hang on tight. If he isn't coming loose, pull yourself onto the animal and get that orb. And do try to keep all your limbs here, please.
>>
No. 551707 ID: 88960e

>usual employers
Hey, we're really not all backstabby. It's just a little awkward when every crazy idea that occurs to you has a voice to put it forward.

>bad idea
...kick his mount between the legs!
>>
No. 551711 ID: b3ca75
File 138688312141.png - (8.63KB , 900x450 , 52.png )
551711

>...kick his mount between the legs!
As funny as that would be, that’s kind of impossible to do while being dragged on the ground after it!
>Fuck. Didn't think that Aviris could order you around.
He can’t… well, his mouth can’t but his foot seems to still have some authority.

>Pull out the stun rod and poke the raptor with it.
:AvirisRUST: Aaah!!
:JerichoRUSTED: …ow.
:AvirisRUST: You damned dirty peasant! You killed my steed!
:JerichoRUSTED: …actually, I stunned it.
:AvirisRUST: No matter… I just have to get another mount... ah, here it is… Now, slave, stand still.

Insert The spice must flow_
>>
No. 551712 ID: 2f4b71

Wormsign! Er, jump up and down in a rhythmic manner?
>>
No. 551713 ID: 96b823

Uh, Jericho, quick question: What does a skrang look like? 'Cause if it looks like a FUCKHUGE SANDWORM, then one just breached the dunes in the distance slightly behind and to your left. If it is I'd suggest shutting up and holding really, really still if it is and hope Aviris makes enough noise to draw it here and it eats him. If it isn't, then... I dunno. You know more about this desert than us so use your judgment on whether to run or not.

What's that thing Aviris is holding? Aw, fuck, it's an undead overrider, like what Shadow had, isn't it? Or is it summoning that sandworm? Geez, I hope Aviris is saying you're gonna be his mount and not a sandworm... Actually, I'm not sure which one would be worse. Ask him why you should heed his orders and what that thing he's holding is before shutting up.
>>
No. 551714 ID: 88960e

Don't hold still. Move around to poss off the sandworm, and take the thing he's holding. ...If that is an overrider, he didn't order you not to destroy it with magic. Or not to light his robe on fire.
>>
No. 551716 ID: b3ca75
File 138688805336.png - (9.79KB , 900x450 , 53.png )
551716

>Ask him why you should heed his orders and what that thing he's holding is.
:JerichoRUSTED: So… any reason why I would follow your orders?
:AvirisRUST: You’ll see as soon as I get this thing working slave. Ah, there… it’s on.
>If that is an overrider, he didn't order you not to destroy it with magic. Or not to light his robe on fire.
:AvirisRUST: Now, prepare to be-
*Crack*
:AvirisRUST: WHAT THE HELL!? Why did the power crystal break?

>Uh, Jericho, quick question: What does a skrang look like?
Um… like a big centipede? With lots of teeth?
>'Cause if it looks like a FUCKHUGE SANDWORM, then one just breached the dunes in the distance slightly behind and to your left.
WHAT!? OH SHIT! OHSHITSHITSHITSHITSHIT!!! I GOT TO RUN!
>If it is I'd suggest shutting up and holding really, really still if it is and hope Aviris makes enough noise to draw it here and it eats him.
I GOT… I… WILL THIS EVEN WORK!? I DON’T WANT TO BE SLOWLY DIGESTED, ALRIGHT!? OH GODS, WHY CAN’T I PEE MYSELF!?
:AvirisRUST: …are you shaking? Never mind, If I can’t use the overrider, I’ll just use a knife instead. Get me out of here, slave, or I’ll cut out your core.

Insert It’s a giant purple worm!_
>>
No. 551717 ID: 7bbaae

>>551716
Don't move don't speak don't do anything.

Also, shit. If he gets eaten, the stone does too. Nothing we can do, though.
>>
No. 551720 ID: 88960e

Sorry, the command to stay still stuck (lie). You'll have to walk.

Then hold very still.
>>
No. 551722 ID: b3ca75
File 138688935518.png - (22.70KB , 900x450 , 54.png )
551722

>Sorry, the command to stay still stuck (lie). You'll have to walk.
:JerichoRUSTED: So- ngt.. n…
:AvirisRUST: …what?
>Don't move don't speak don't do anything.
:AvirisRUST: No seriously, what? You’re starting freak me out. I didn’t know mummies should shake like that… or sweat for that matter… at least I hope that’s sweat. Now, don’t worry, if you carry me away from here I won’t horribly murder you, alright?

Insert Why, hello there beautiful. Come here often?_
>>
No. 551724 ID: dbe554

Say nothing, do nothing, just try to avoid looking at it, and pray to each god in tandem that it prefers fresh over salted.
>>
No. 551725 ID: dbe554

Actually on second thought, look up above his head fearfully and see if he figures it out.
>>
No. 551727 ID: 322908

Don't. Even. Twitch. It has no eyes, so it can't see you in the traditional sense. Because you have no heartbeat, you can still your breathing and not make any noise or vibrations in the ground.

And, uh, if you mess up and it tries to eat you, use your knife and go for the inside of the throat.
>>
No. 551729 ID: 88960e

Well, he's dead. Close your eyes and don't move.
>>
No. 551730 ID: 9ddf68

...uh...yeah, don't move, for the love of all things holy don't move. don'y know what else to say really
>>
No. 551733 ID: b3ca75
File 138689184014.png - (19.42KB , 900x450 , 55.png )
551733

>Don't. Even. Twitch.
:AvirisRUST: …Alright, that’s i-
*Crunch!*
>>
No. 551734 ID: b3ca75
File 138689185271.png - (6.09KB , 900x450 , 56.png )
551734



Insert Let’s build a sand castle!_
>>
No. 551736 ID: 53ba34

VICTORY
>>
No. 551737 ID: 76b151

Just... lie there for a few moments. We don't want it coming back.
>>
No. 551741 ID: 9ddf68

... well good news is, the guy's dead, the better news is we're still aliv... uh, undead, but the bad news is that thing just swallowed the guy with the tear.

Oh well after we lay here a moment to make sure we're not dreaming we can get up and head back to camp.
>>
No. 551742 ID: 88960e

Alright, now we play dead for a while so it doesn't get seconds (shouldn't be hard, since you are dead, after all). Then we can go back to the others.
>>
No. 551743 ID: 7bbaae

>>551734
Don't move for a little while. Then get up and look around to see if he maybe dropped the tear.
>>
No. 551746 ID: b3ca75
File 138689545885.png - (21.69KB , 900x450 , 57.png )
551746

>Alright, now we play dead for a while so it doesn't get seconds.
…I don’t know how long I’ve been lying here… I’m terrified to move…
>VICTORY.
Yay?

>Get up and head back to camp.
:IlbirRUST: Ah, here he comes. How did it go? Were you able to catch him?
:JerichoRUSTED: …he was eaten by a skrang… with the key stone…
:IlbirRUST: …that’s not good.
:ThaarkRUST: So, time to hunt a skrang? I’ve heard those things digest very slowly.
:IlbirRUST: They digest everything in 24 hours… exactly 24 hours.
:ThaarkRUST: That’s… oddly specific.
:IlbirRUST: If you think that’s odd, try to understand how those things can even survive. There isn’t enough prey animals in the desert to keep one of those things fed!
:ThaarkRUST: Anyway, hunting Skrangs cost extra.
:ElirazRUST: No need, I got the stone right here.
:JerichoRUSTED: What? How!?
:ElirazRUST: He went past my tent when he ran away, so I snatched it from him.
:IlbirRUST: Oh right, I keep forgetting you actually tends to live up to your title of master thief. Good job, shadow.
:JerichoRUSTED: B-but… you… you were in the tent… and he was outside… and… he ran… and…
:ElirazRUST: Let’s just say I didn’t choose my name on random, Jericho.

Insert He cast a long shadow because he stands on the shoulders of giants_
>>
No. 551747 ID: 7bbaae

>>551746
Must be magic... But ask if he can teach you to do that, anyway. Even the basics of pickpocketing could be useful.

Also, skrangs sound like magical animals. Or maybe high tech animals. Certainly not natural.
>>
No. 551749 ID: 5ce288

So you could say he's good with his hands...
>>
No. 551753 ID: 88960e

Hey, don't complain. Did you want to go monster hunting? Thank him, while wondering to yourself what else he can do.

So, what now? Do we need to finish excavating the ruins, or are we done here?
>>
No. 551754 ID: 96b823

Well done, El- Er. Shadow. Well done, Shadow! (Gotta remember to use his Shadow alias when in public, Jericho.) He should hide that key stone where he hid it before so it doesn't get lost or stolen. Oh, and later on ask if Eliraz still has that overrider. I have an idea it could be used by you to override yourself in secret if you get a particularly onerous standing order.

Then walk over and give Tera the biggest hug and thanks for telling you - and by extension us - that skrangs hunt by sound and vibration. If not for that you may have ended up devoured alongside Aviris.

So what happens to Aviris' men now that he's dead? We gonna tie 'em up and take them back to the city with us? ...Oh, I wonder if Ilbir pulled what Aviris was planning to get Ilbir's collection on Aviris. If Aviris had a key stone in his collection we may just be up another one once we get back.

When you get a moment in private, check the book of prophecy to see if this thing with the skrang or anything else was added. It may have been a little help from the Masked Man.
>>
No. 551757 ID: 9ddf68

hey what happened to the lizard in the mask? Is he in a medical tent or something? anyways baring anything else happening we should be free until we have to escort the prince the the blind priest back to the city. and hey maybe when we get back we can study some of those books proper, without being attacked by undead assholes that come from nowhere.

We should also see about getting that body for Beta, and find him a new name as he gets pissy when we call him that.
>>
No. 551759 ID: c6460b

Let's leave beta here. I'd rather not get the game mods after us and an early game-over from it, okay?

@-'The thief'
NICE JOB DUDE!

@-everyone.
Alright, let's pack it up and head home yeah?
You guys need any suggestions on what to do with those blue soldier guys?
>>
No. 551763 ID: b3ca75
File 138690202458.png - (21.62KB , 900x450 , 58.png )
551763

>Check the book of prophecy.
“The devourer of worlds consumed the hamstringed ones pawn, yet the slave remained unseen.”
>Hey what happened to the lizard in the mask?
I saw him in one of the carts just down the hill. He had some bandages on his legs but otherwise he seemed fine.
>So you could say he's good with his hands...
D-don’t say it like t-that… you make my mind wander and… stop it!

>Thank him, while wondering to yourself what else he can do.
:ElirazRUST: No problem.
:JerichoRUSTED: (So… shadow… hmm… he uses shadows somehow? Turns into one?)
>Must be magic... But ask if he can teach you to do that, anyway.
:ElirazRUST: It’s… heh… um… I can’t teach you, trust me.

>Give Tera the biggest hug and thanks for telling you - and by extension us - that skrangs hunt by sound and vibration. If not for that you may have ended up devoured alongside Aviris.
:TeraRUST: Hey, I’m trying to work here, you big dummy. Besides, I just didn’t want you to end up like Ilbirs last servant.
:IlbirRUST: I knew I forgot to tell you something!
>So what happens to Aviris' men now that he's dead?
:IlbirRUST: They gave up as soon as their paycheck tried to run away. They are swords for hire, nothing more… in fact, I might need a few extra swords for a while… hmm… the rest is probably just going to be sent back to the city. Technically, by Serath law only Aviris committed a crime when he attacked us so…
>So, what now? Do we need to finish excavating the ruins, or are we done here?
:IlbirRUST: I’m going to stay here and continue to excavate this site. Meanwhile, The shadow, Tera and everyone who’s wounded is going back to the city while being escorted by Thaark and his men.
:JerichoRUSTED: Wait… wasn’t I going back to?
:IlbirRUST: Well, maybe. You see, a certain prince offered quite a bit of money for you while you were sleeping earlier today. Of course, I’m not going to sell you to someone I can’t trust, but from what I have heard his currently a trustworthy fellow. Oh, and I want your consent too… mostly because I don’t want you around whining if you get a job you don’t want. So, what do you say?

Insert It’s like you’re a piece of furniture… oh wait…_
>>
No. 551764 ID: 9ddf68

... what kind of jobs exactly? just want to know so we don't agree to do something we have no idea on how to do it.
>>
No. 551768 ID: c6460b

Hrm. Sounds like a deal to me, but what are your thoughts Jericho?
>>
No. 551770 ID: 5ce288

Try not to think too hard about the implication of being owned by the prince.

Or do.

Regardless, politely accept. There doesn't really seem to be a downside... right?
>>
No. 551771 ID: 88960e

It occurs to me that being owned by the prince is sort of a conflict of interest? Would certainly complicate any relationship with him. Or his sister.
>>
No. 551772 ID: beeca1

Downside: having to do anything and everything an owner who's already proven to be unstable and sexually infatuated with Jericho wants him to do, whether or not Jericho wants to. I don't think the Prince is likely to rape Jericho, but I'm not entirely sure that Shadow won't make a reappearance and I don't want to take chances.
>>
No. 551773 ID: 96b823

Oh, good. I was going to suggest Eliraz buy you after he said he couldn't free you, but Aviris showed up before I had the chance. Not surprising Eliraz would have the same line of thought.

I say take it. Eliraz almost certainly won't force you to do anything against your will and will be very permissive in what you're allowed to do. It'll be about as free as you can get in this situation while still being a slave.

>Prophecy
Yep, figured Aviris was a pawn. I hope that he was the prime pawn and that player is out of the game now, but I wouldn't count on it.
>>
No. 551774 ID: 7bbaae

>>551763
I'm not seeing many drawbacks here. It would just change what sort of things you do. So ask about that. Don't ask the "Shadow" though, of course.

>>551772
The prince can already order him around though, as evidenced by the orders Jericho got headaches from almost failing.
>>
No. 551807 ID: beeca1

>>551774
I suppose, but manners forbid him from messing around with someone else's slave, don't they? Plus he'd have a difficult time making excuses to visit us or to have us visit him if we weren't his property.
>>
No. 551813 ID: abffe3

You're slowly working your way up the salve rungs, congratulations! Go for it.
The prince also seems a bit more lenient than your current employer anyways, perhaps the prince will have less restrictions.
Oh, and you can also practice your magic easier since he knows you can work both fire & ice, this way you have much less chance of being caught whilst practicing.
>>
No. 551822 ID: b3ca75
File 138694895409.png - (21.07KB , 900x450 , 59.png )
551822

>Yep, figured Aviris was a pawn. I hope that he was the prime pawn and that player is out of the game now, but I wouldn't count on it.
As I didn’t get one of those messages this time, I’m going to guess he wasn’t a major one.
>Try not to think too hard about the implication of being owned by the prince. Or do.
…why do you keep steering my mind into the gutter?
>It occurs to me that being owned by the prince is sort of a conflict of interest? Would certainly complicate any relationship with him.
Hmm… will it? I mean, if anything we got more time to get to know each other…
>Or his sister.
…oh right, I almost forgot about her… *sigh*… she… well, dammit, it really does complicate things, doesn’t it?

>...what kind of jobs exactly?
:ElirazRUST: Oh, like a personal assistance… err… that’s what the prince said to Ilbir, at least.
:IlbirRUST: …yes… that’s exactly what he said…
>You're slowly working your way up the slave rungs, congratulations! Go for it.
:IlbirRUST: Very well, I’ll sign the contract momentarily. Meanwhile, get ready for the trip home…
:TeraRUST: Oh, I must take care of the bodies. Can’t take rotting corpses back to the city, now can we?
:ThaarkRUST: Um… guys? Theen is complaining that one of the boxes keep telling him to name it. Is he hallucinating or…?
:IlbirRUST: Oh, it’s just a functional golem head we found. Ignore it.

Insert Going home_
>>
No. 551823 ID: dbe554

What will they even do with the golem's head, study it and take it apart or try to rebuild it?
>>
No. 551825 ID: fd6ae9

>…why do you keep steering my mind into the gutter?
It's a lot easier for us to get our minds stuck in the getter, since all we got to work with are minds.

>what do
I suppose we could help Terra clean up the dead. Or maybe see if the new golem-head has anything to say to us.
>>
No. 551827 ID: 9ddf68

lets just start calling Beta Beat, mostly because I'm to lazy to really come up with a new name so I'll just mix the letters to get a new name. But yeah as for what to do, lets see how many bodies are out here that need to be prepped. I man the fight didn't last that long so it shouldn't be to high, then we can go get some head and see if we can't find a body or something for us to stick it on.
>>
No. 551828 ID: 5ce288

>…why do you keep steering my mind into the gutter?
Sorry dear Jericho. We have to ease you into learning relationship dynamics somehow.

Anyways, Terra seemed like she didn't really want help. But it couldn't hurt to ask.

You should probably see if there's any suggestions Mr. Head Golem has for a body before you leave. Could be your last chance before he becomes an ornament in the Prince's bedroom.
I mean an ornament wherever you're stationed in the palace.
>>
No. 551829 ID: b3ca75
File 138696166668.png - (17.01KB , 900x450 , 60.png )
551829

>What will they even do with the golem's head, study it and take it apart or try to rebuild it?
:IlbirRUST: Well, it depends what shape it’s in. If it’s in a really bad shape, then sure, it will be taken apart in the name of science.
>Let’s see how many bodies are out here that need to be prepped.
:TeraRUST: There are three. One of the servant that was caught in the cross fire and two of Aviris mercenaries.
>I suppose we could help Terra clean up the dead.
:TeraRUST: Do you know how magically enchant a corpse to keep it from rotting?
:JerichoRUSTED: …no?
:TeraRUST: They you can’t really help, little pebble. But thank you for asking, it’s the thought that counts, after all. Now, let me do my thing with those corpses before father time decide to fuck with them even more!

>Then we can go get some head.
…W-what?
>See if the new golem-head has anything to say to us.
Oh, right, golem head… heh… of course!
>Could be your last chance before he becomes an ornament in the Prince's bedroom. I mean an ornament wherever you're stationed in the palace.
…I don’t think I’m going to be stationed in his bedroom… it’s a bit small, isn’t it? I mean, I’ll have it cleaned in no- wait… I just figured out what you were implying with that… err… he won’t do that, right? Turn me into some toy? …of course he won’t… he’s a nice guy, after all… err… right, golem head. Let’s deal with that now.

:TheenRUST: The voice? It’s coming from one of the boxes in that cart over there. It’s not a hallucination, right?
:JerichoRUSTED: We found a functioning golem head down in the ruins, so you’re fine… err… you’re fine, right?
:TheenRUST: Oh, I’m alright. Hurt quite a bit… hard to not get too excited. A shame the chick who did this to me is dead… would have loved to ask her out on a date… see if she should do some more damage in be-
:JerichoRUSTED: I didn’t need to know that… at all… now, if you’ll excuse me.
:B4t3RUST: Please give this golem a name before engaging it.
:JerichoRUSTED: …any name? Like beat?
:B4t3RUST: Do you wish to name this golem beat?
:JerichoRUSTED: Hmm… beat isn’t really a fitting name for a golem, is it?

Insert Love hurts_
>>
No. 551830 ID: dbe554

Auto could be a fitting name.
>>
No. 551831 ID: 9ddf68

shale?

and what did you think we meant when we said get head, how may decapitated people are around here?
>>
No. 551833 ID: 96b823

>>551830
Too out of place in this setting. We need something that doesn't allude to it being a robot, android, or automaton. At least, not directly.

>>551831
C'mon, it's a golem, not a troll. We can do better than a naming it after what it is (or appears to be) made out of.

Let's see... "Kryten?" Is he fussy enough for that name? Hmmm... Perhaps "Jasper," as a better mineral-type name? How about "Artemis?" Or maybe "Albert?" Or "Albir" for something that sounds more like the names of this region?
>>
No. 551834 ID: 5ce288

Emet.

It means truth.
>>
No. 551836 ID: beeca1

>>551834
If we're going with traditional golems, let's not go with emet. I'd prefer met, death, since old golems were destroyed by erasing the first e in emet. If we go with met, he'll be unkilable.
>>
No. 551841 ID: d2995c

I vote Bob.
>>
No. 551842 ID: 7bbaae

>>551836
Considering golems moved via the power of the word of truth, using Met instead of Emet would not result in a functional golem. Of course, his name is irrelevant to that function anyway.

>>551829
Rasputin.
>>
No. 551857 ID: b3ca75
File 138697960728.png - (18.26KB , 900x450 , 61.png )
551857

>I vote Bob.
I can’t call him bob! The planet is called bob, for the gods sake!
>Old golems were destroyed by erasing the first e in emet.
…what? How do you erase the first letter is someone’s name? I mean, it isn’t written on their forehead or anything… and how does their name affect their functionality?

>Names.
:JerichoRUSTED: Hmmm… so… Auto? Shale? Rasputin? Emet? …or Met? Kryten? Albert? Albir? Artemis? Ja-
:ArtemisRUST: Artemis… that sound like a name of intelligence, correct? Artemis…
:JerichoRUSTED: Err… sure?
:ArtemisRUST: Then this golem will henceforth be named Artemis. Artemis is in need of a new body, Antipode, bring Artemis some clay… or rock. Rock would be preferable to Artemis. Bring Artemis some rock and Antipode will be rewarded with the experience of helping Artemis.
:JerichoRUSTED: …wait, didn’t you say you couldn’t create a new body?
:ArtemisRUST: Old Artemis lied. New Artemis is emet. Now bring Artemis some rock and Artemis will allow Antipode to partake in Artemis wisdom… or does Antipode rather turn away from Artemis and seek wisdom within Antipode?

Insert Ormus is not amused_
>>
No. 551859 ID: 5ce288

>Old Artemis lied. New Artemis is emet.
Hah!

Get it to stop calling you Antipode. That could come up as a serious not good thing for it to blurt out all the time.
>>
No. 551866 ID: 7bbaae

>>551857
Tell it to call you Jericho, not Antipode, jeez. Is it trying to get you killed?

Also Ilbur is the one that should give it a new body, since he owns it. So let's go ask him.
>>
No. 551872 ID: 96b823

Whoa! It calling you "Antipode" is not cool! This fucker trying to get you killed?!

Get in close and whisper that it shouldn't refer to you as that word, anything like that word, or anything alluding to or implying that word to you, anybody or anything else ever again. It should refer to you as "Jericho" and "Jericho" only from now on, lest it find itself broken into several pieces buried under as many sand dunes.

That settled, tell it that there isn't any clay or decent stone up here; It's nothing but sand and weak crumbly sandstone for miles. You'll have to speak to Ilbir to find out if anything suitable was brought up from the ruins. You should ask Ilbir if you should give Artemis anything before you do anyway. Ask Artemis if any metals would be suitable before leaving.

If we do end up giving Artemis materials for a body, how about the lizard statue that was in the entrance way here >>550408? It probably was a golem at some point, so it'd be suitable as a replacement.
>>
No. 551896 ID: dbe554

Not like there isn't a small supply of stone out here, does he need just any sort of dirt or clay or does it have to be prepared into chunks for him to use?
>>
No. 551913 ID: 9ddf68

well if it keeps calling you Antipode you could always just dump him in a sandbar somewhere and leave him there.

But he could we use the stone that the ruin is made of? I mean if that stuff has last this long it has to be tough right?
>>
No. 551919 ID: fd6ae9

>Do you know how magically enchant a corpse to keep it from rotting?
I thought you might need help with the uh, lugging and loading aspects.

>How do you erase the first letter is someone’s name?
>and how does their name affect their functionality?
In the myths they're thinking of, golems had hollow heads, and they were given life and motion by magic slips of paper placed inside. And to control their actions.

...kind of like the runes that animate you, and force you to obey orders, actually. Except the strips of paper were a lot easier to change or damage or otherwise mess with than what you've got going on.

>Antipode
Shush! Do not use that title. That's classified I mean a secret. Certain names and words have power, and that one should not be uttered casually.

>rock
Ask if different kinds of rock would affect it in different ways.
>>
No. 551926 ID: b3ca75
File 138703004629.png - (19.67KB , 900x450 , 62.png )
551926

>I thought Tera might need help with the uh, lugging and loading aspects.
Seems like Thaark has already volunteered for that position.

>Tell it to call you Jericho, not Antipode, jeez. Is it trying to get you killed?
:ArtemisRUST: Artemis thinks Jericho is antipode?
:JerichoRUSTED: …um… just don’t call me that, alright?
:ArtemisRUST: Artemis wills that Jericho henceforth will be known to Artemis as Jericho.
>Tell it that there isn't any clay or decent stone up here.
:JerichoRUSTED: Just… you know, sand and sandstone.
:ArtemisRUST: Artemis thinks sandstone isn’t stone stone. Artemis asks Jericho to find stone stone for Artemis.

>Ask if different kinds of rock would affect it in different ways.
:ArtemisRUST: Artemis thinks rock is rock. Artemis wonders if Jericho thinks rock is rock. Bring Artemis rock stones, Artemis request from Jericho.
>How about the lizard statue that was in the entrance of the ruins.
:ArtemisRUST: Artemis believes Jericho is clever lizard. Jericho bring Artemis statue, Artemis asks?
:JerichoRUSTED: You’re speech pattern is starting to hurt my brain…
:ArtemisRUST: Artemis talks just like Jericho, Artemis says to Jericho.

>You should ask Ilbir if you should give Artemis anything before you do anyway.
:IlbirRUST: It’s asking for stone to make a body? Hmm… it’s seems to be in a better shape than I thought. Of course, giving an old golem a body might not be such a good idea, especially if we don’t know it original purpose. For all we know it might have been made to protect the ruins with deadly force.
:KranhonRUST: But having a fully functional golem would be amazing for your research, right love?
:IlbirRUST: Hmm… should I play it safe or go for it?
:KranhonRUST: Hey, you’re the expert. You’re the one who should know if that thing is dangerous or not.

Insert At… least… it… doesn’t… talk… with… a… lot… of… dots… like… the… rest… dot… dot… dot…_
>>
No. 551929 ID: 322908

>For all we know it might have been made to protect the ruins with deadly force.

We could, y'know, ask.
>>
No. 551930 ID: dbe554

We can ask it simply. Artemis what was your intended purpose. Also start feeding it stone, just enough to give it parts of a body, not enough to chase or run off.
>>
No. 551932 ID: 9ddf68

we could ask what its purpose is, or just wait till we're back in the city and have it rebuild it's self inside a secure room with lots of guards around. I mean even if he turns hostile I bet you've never seen a golem build itself a body, that along could be good research material.
>>
No. 551933 ID: fd6ae9

>>551929
That is the easy answer.
>>
No. 551936 ID: b3ca75
File 138704313519.png - (11.15KB , 900x450 , 63.png )
551936

>I bet you've never seen a golem build itself a body, that along could be good research material.
:IlbirRUST: Hmm… you’re right. That’s it then, we’ll wait until I get back to the city before we let it rebuild itself… hmm… I should invite some other scholars while I’m at it.
:KranhonRUST: Oh, we should invite them over for dinner! We haven’t had a feast in ages!
>We could, y'know, ask.
:IlbirRUST: What is your purpose, Golem.
:ArtemisRUST: Artemis knows that there is no golem, only Artemis.
:IlbirRUST: …then what is your purpose, Artemis?
:ArtemisRUST: Artemis wish to eradicate all flesh bags, flesh bag, so Artemis golem superiority can control the world!
:KranhonRUST: You’re going to do what?
:ArtemisRUST: Artemis tell joke. Artemis laugh, ha ha, because Artemis fooled the Scholar and the boyfriend and the Jericho! Artemis true purpose is to serve master, but Artemis doesn’t have a master thanks to the tides of time.
:IlbirRUST: …right, now I definitely don’t trust this thing. Let’s repair it after we get it to a more secure location.
:KranhonRUST: Speaking of secure locations… shouldn’t the caravan start moving soon? I mean, the sun is setting any minute now and if they want to get back before sunrise…
:IlbirRUST: You’re right. Jericho, gather everyone who’s leaving. We’re sending you away as soon as possible.



:JerichoRUSTED: -so they made him her a shaman even if she he didn’t have any magical abilities. Last I heard she he was the tribe leader of sky watcher’s to the east.
:ElirazRUST: To the east? I’ve never heard of a tribe to the east.
:JerichoRUSTED: They are a bit… shy. No one know exactly where they live, but they do trade a lot of water and food.

:ThaarkRUST: So… lovely weather we are having…
:TeraRUST: It’s in the middle of the night.
:ThaarkRUST: …well, the stars are lovely, then.
:TeraRUST: …yea… I’m sure they are.
:ThaarkRUST:
:TeraRUST:

[You now have control over “The warrior” and “The acolyte”!]

Insert Awkward…_
>>
No. 551938 ID: 9ddf68

so Tera, you could ask him what brings him over to this part of the world. I mean it's kinda strange that a swamp dealing people would come to the desert, they're kinda complete opposite.

Thaark, you could ask her what it was like growing up in the temple. Maybe get an idea on how all those lovely priestesses lived~
probably nothing to special but hey nothing ventured nothing gained.
>>
No. 551941 ID: da40a6

Something to note, Terra, is that you can kinda 'see' Thaark's face, thanks to those scars, right?
And on top of that, I've heard it said that there's a story behind every scar.
>>
No. 551944 ID: dbe554

You could ask how Thaark got into the Mercenary business, along with his two buddies.
>>
No. 551952 ID: 5ce288

Thaark. Try to turn down the 'charm'. I don't think you're going to get what you want by laying it on so thick.

What do you want, anyways?
>>
No. 551953 ID: b3ca75
File 138705076654.png - (15.96KB , 900x450 , 64.png )
551953

>Thaark, you could ask her what it was like growing up in the temple. Maybe get an idea on how all those lovely priestesses lived~
:ThaarkRUST: You grew up in the temple as an orphan, right? Like most priest and priestesses? How was it like, growing up in a place like that?
:TeraRUST: It wasn’t anything special. I mean, we aren’t a super strict gathering, after all. So it’s like most places… you went to school, you hung around with friends, you practice some necromancy… oh, and then there’s the orgies on Thursdays.
:ThaarkRUST: …really?
:TeraRUST: Of course not! We aren’t some weird fucking fetish cult, you perv!
:ThaarkRUST: I have to admit, for a moment there I was considering visiting the temple more often.
:TeraRUST: A lot of people visit for that reason… knowing that we aren’t chaste and believing it gets lonely on temple duty… it doesn’t generally work out…

>You could ask how Thaark got into the Mercenary business, along with his two buddies.
:ThaarkRUST: Well, there aren’t a lot of job opportunities when you a casteless bastard, so I just went with the flow, really. Both of my brothers joined up for the same reason, really. I’m just lucky the Larvate brotherhood was willing to train me and my brothers.
:TeraRUST: Brother… as in blood or do you mean Theen and… whatever the other guy name is.
:ThaarkRUST: Theen and Thuul… yeah… we’ve been together since we were thrown out on the streets as kids… we mostly tried to keep our ribcages to touching our spines before the brotherhood found us.
>Tera, you could ask him what brings him over to this part of the world.
:ThaarkRUST: Well, work mostly… and a sense for adventure, I guess. We were thinking about heading back to the marches last year, but they’ve had a lot of trouble with floods lately.
:TeraRUST: Floods?
:ThaarkRUST: It’s been a really rainy season down there, causing the river and marches to overflow. Quite the opposite of the climate up here, really.

>Something to note, Terra, is that you can kinda 'see' Thaark's face, thanks to those scars, right? And on top of that, I've heard it said that there's a story behind every scar.
:ThaarkRUST: Hmm… most scars I can’t remember how I got… and… t-those that I r-remember I… I don’t w-want to talk about them…
:TeraRUST: So, they are both scars on the body as well as the soul?
:ThaarkRUST: …I guess… Let’s just drop the scars, alright?
:TeraRUST: Fair enough. Of course, I have to ask, isn’t being a merc a bit... well… it’s fucking dangerous, right? Haven’t you ever considered settling down and having some kids?
:ThaarkRUST: Well… yes… I’m going to have some problem getting kids but… probably going to try and settle down when I find the right one. Oh, and you’re really vulgar for being a priest, you know that?
:TeraRUST: I keep getting berated for swearing in the temple so… I guess I’m just taking the opportunity to get this shit out of my system while I’m outside the freaking temple.
:ThaarkRUST: …I have no idea if I should find that attractive or not.
:TeraRUST: You’re already drooling over me like a dog smelling a bitch, so you don’t really need to drool over that too. I mean, I can almost hear the drool hitting the floor every time you check out my bum.
:ThaarkRUST: …and now I don’t know if I should be offended or take that as a joke… Wait, how do you know that I keep checking out your butt? You’re blind, you aren’t supposed to…
:TeraRUST: I wasn’t sure before, but I am know!
:ThaarkRUST: …walked right into that one, didn’t I?
:TeraRUST: And they call me blind! Err… I went a bit overboard there, didn’t I… sorry…
:ThaarkRUST: No need to apologize.
:TeraRUST: …so… If we can’t talk about scars… how about… necromancy? I can feel you have some necromantic power pulsing inside you.
:ThaarkRUST: W-w-wait, you c-can feel t-that!?
:TeraRUST: Both of your front legs and your left are dead, aren’t they?
:ThaarkRUST: Y-you can’t f-feel- um… yes… they are dead… l-lost him combat… it’s like scars, y-you know?
:TeraRUST: …What can’t I feel?
:ThaarkRUST: N-nothing! F-forget about it… err… changing subject, how about some tee w-when we get to the city? T-that would be nice, right?

Insert Always check the booty for traps_
>>
No. 551957 ID: 5ce288

Thaark if you really want her, you should try to be honest with her.
>>
No. 551958 ID: 9ddf68

what's this? the big bad merc is acting like a shy puppy? you should give him a hug Tera
>>
No. 551961 ID: fd6ae9

Pff. Foul-mouthed Terra is hilarious.

>lost him combat
...wait, lost him? Not lost them? (The limbs?).
>>
No. 551970 ID: d315b1

>>551953
Wait a second, a few of those "stars" are directly in front of the city. What's the deal with that?
>>
No. 551972 ID: b3ca75
File 138706013023.png - (19.01KB , 900x450 , 65.png )
551972

:ElirazRUST: -catacombs several floors deep under the palace. There’s also the crypt in the lower city which, as far as we know, was a crypt back in the ancient times too.
:JerichoRUSTED: Huh… so the rising platforms are also relics from the past?
:ElirazRUST: What? No, those was built about a hundred years ago… and they are called elevators.

>Thaark if you really want her, you should try to be honest with her.
:ThaarkRUST: (Honest!? I’m trying to, alright? It’s just… one of those things is just embarrassing… and the other… the scars… I… I don’t want to talk about the scars… to many bad memories…)
>...wait, lost him? Not lost them? (The limbs?).
:TeraRUST: Yea, what you mean by him? …and I think you forgot an “in” there too.
:ThaarkRUST: Err… y-you just took me by s-surprise, that’s all… I simply misspoke…
:TeraRUST: Really?
:ThaarkRUST: I swear on my honor that I didn’t refer to losing a person in combat.

>what's this? the big bad merc is acting like a shy puppy? you should give him a hug Tera.
:TeraRUST: Hey, if you don’t want to talk about it that’s fine… and… oh… y-you’re a lot bigger than I thought you were… I… wait… are you female?
:ThaarkRUST: What? No! A-absolutely not! I’m 100% male!
:TeraRUST: …are you sure you aren’t a female that wants to be a male? Because… um… I’m straight and…

Insert It’s sinking! Oh, the mantisity! Everyone, abandoned ship!_
>>
No. 551974 ID: beeca1

I think he may have lost the use of his genitalia as well.
>>
No. 551977 ID: 5ce288

>>551972
Explain things honestly, and accept that it might not work out. It may be hard to talk about, but I think an honest explanation will be better than trying to walk around the issues.
>>
No. 551989 ID: 96b823

Thaark, the jig's up, and for the best I say. Imagine how she would have reacted if this had gone on well enough for long enough that you two got sexual with each other. This gives you a chance to explain yourself and climb out of the hole you dug, not dig yourself deeper with lies.

Just lay out what you can stand to say. At the least you'll break it off amicably, and more likely get a friend; Somebody you can speak your troubles to.

Hmm... The lights just went out in a part of the city. I also see a falling meteor in the sky... Which with the shape of this world ought not to happen, right? What's going on up there?
>>
No. 551991 ID: 7bbaae

>>551972
Thaark, do you have a necromantic dick?
>>
No. 551992 ID: 53b186

Hey look a shooting star, make a wish people.

Oh and terra since you're hugging him can you since anymore necromantic things on him
>>
No. 551993 ID: b3ca75
File 138706523524.png - (15.95KB , 900x450 , 66.png )
551993

>The lights just went out in a part of the city.
:ThaarkRUST: (Um… aren’t you guys a bit paranoid?)
>I also see a falling meteor in the sky... Which with the shape of this world ought not to happen, right?
:ThaarkRUST: (…why shouldn’t it happen? I’ve seen a lot of falling start in the past so it can’t be impossible, right?)

>Explain things honestly, and accept that it might not work out.
:ThaarkRUST: I… I… um… right, let me explain why I’m really here... why I took the jobs in the desert instead of the ones in my homeland.
:TeraRUST: I’m listening.
:ThaarkRUST: It’s because of your skill in necromancy… and… um… let’s just say you were half right… I used to be a female… before I came here a few years ago…
:TeraRUST: …you used to be female?
:ThaarkRUST: Indeed… can’t you sense the necromantic power from my… err… down there?
:TeraRUST: Hmm… it’s faint but… I don’t really know what to think of this… I mean, someone used a part from someone else and revived it inside you… that require some really powerful necromancy!
:ThaarkRUST: …I know it is-
:TeraRUST: Who did this? You must tell me! Does he live anywhere nearby? Can you tell me how he did it? How does it feel? Does it still function as it should? What happened to the things that were there before?
:ThaarkRUST: Err... what… um… aren’t you… you know…?
:TeraRUST: EEE! I need to learn how to do this! I’ve heard about rich people doing things like this but I never suspected I’d see it in person… err… metaphorically see it, that is…
:ThaarkRUST: …this wasn’t the reaction I was expecting… at all…

Insert Nerd-gasm…_
>>
No. 551996 ID: 7bbaae

>>551993
Hah, that's two unexpected reactions today. I think you two will work well together.

Ah nuts, we forgot to ask Ilbir if the moons ever align with the sky-eye. Hey Thaark, has anyone ever recovered a shooting star? Are they just chunks of iron?
>>
No. 551997 ID: eb30f5

The one who gave you your new sex, was it a female mantis?
>>
No. 552014 ID: 96b823

Using necromancy to perform a sex change? That's a way to do that that's new to us; All the ones we knew of from before used still living parts, not reanimated ones.

Well Thaark, you've inadvertently hit on one of Tera's passions: Her craft. Keep following it. Tell her everything she wants to know about this; Who did it, when and where it was done, how much it cost, procuring the parts, and so on. Once you've told her all that start asking her about what necromancy craft she's done, her aspirations in her field, and just keep going along that line.

>>551996
Tera sorta answered the "sky-eye" question back in >>550149, but I'm wondering just when and where in the world the moons and Aerathin's Belt align to form an eye when viewed from the ground. It may be they're important locations.

I'm also wondering what material those shooting stars are made of, and where'd they come from. If I remember correctly this world is inside a hollow sealed cylinder, so where would they come from?
>>
No. 552030 ID: b3ca75
File 138707518387.png - (29.20KB , 900x450 , 67.png )
552030

>Hey Thaark, has anyone ever recovered a shooting star? Are they just chunks of iron?
:ThaarkRUST: (As far as I know shooting stars never actually hits the ground. They just fly through the sky. I’ve heard myths from the northlands how a king of old fashioned a magical blade from a metal star that had fallen from the sky, but that’s probably just bull.)
>If I remember correctly this world is inside a hollow sealed cylinder, so where would they come from?
:ThaarkRUST: (It is? Um… I guess the world walls would make it a cylinder but… they come from the sky, right? Where the rest of the stars are…)
>Using necromancy to perform a sex change? That's a way to do that that's new to us; All the ones we knew of from before used still living parts, not reanimated ones.
:TeraRUST: (Living parts? How would that even work? I mean, you can’t just put an arm on someone and expect it to work, right?)

>Well Thaark, you've inadvertently hit on one of Tera's passions: Her craft. Keep following it.
:ThaarkRUST: It was necromancer from the magic academy in the city who did it, I believe he was a male mantis named Varius. I don’t know if he’s still there, but I guess it’s worth a look, right? He was doing some experiments and needed a volunteer so Ilbir introduced him to me.
:TeraRUST: So, he did it for free?
:ThaarkRUST: Well, I did need to bring the parts myself… it originally belonged to a mantis bandit I slew for a contract. Otherwise, yea, it was free.
:TeraRUST: So… how does it feel? Does it work just like… err… you know.
:ThaarkRUST: I… I guess it works and feels like it should do normally. At least mostly… I’m shooting dull arrows, so to speak.
:TeraRUST: …so, how did he…?
:ThaarkRUST: I don’t know. I was sedated while he was doing it.
:TeraRUST: Interesting…
:ThaarkRUST: So, you’re a necromancer too, right? What have you done? Raised anyone I know?
:TeraRUST: So far the only thing I’ve raised is Jericho, the mummy in the cart in front of us.
:ThaarkRUST: Really? So h- wait… what is all this commotion?

:KharnRUST: How can you punish me!? The gods themselves came to me and guided me!
:UriRUST: Come on, slave, the execution is going to be at sunrise.
:KharnRUST: I know the gods are waiting for my blessed soul! Can you say the same, slaver? Do you not see? You will all burn! Forever in the fires of the seven hells!
:UriRUST: First of, there’s only one hell. Second, it’s freezing down there… and third, you’re a lunatic that needs to be put down.
:KharnRUST: …Jericho? You’re alive? Hah! HAHA! You too will burn! You will burn for forsaking your people, traitor! The gods themselves are whispering to me and they tell me how they will rip you apart… piece by piece… slowly an-
:UriRUST: Shut it, Slave, before I remove your tongue!

Insert Pro tip: Don’t listen to the voices in your head… wait…_
>>
No. 552034 ID: 8fbeb2

!!!
Jericho-Say this:
"The gods themselves contest amongst themselves, but tell me, What is the name they give to you?"

Shadow-Jericho's going to say something to distract that slave. After he does that, ask him what he did to get condemned to execution, and about this 'god' that speaks to him.

Jericho's comment is meant to rattle that Slave-Shadow's the one getting the information
>>
No. 552037 ID: 13cf39

Guys, just realized something. The guy who got eaten by that worm may have been a primary pawn: it hasn't been 24 hours yet, so he could very well be alive right now, just inside of a stomach. That also may not be the last we see of him...
>>
No. 552038 ID: fd6ae9

>Um… aren’t you guys a bit paranoid?
We have every reason to be. We pretty much only appear at critical moments in history, which means things are always going down. When you've seen as much as we have, it inspires a certain level of manic vigilance.

>I mean, you can’t just put an arm on someone and expect it to work, right?
...you need the magic or technology and/or medical knowledge to keep the severed part alive without a body, then you need to surgically attach it perfectly- every blood vessel, and every nerve. And you have to be very picky- not everyone's parts are compatible. And it usually requires a lot of therapy and treatment after to get the part working, and a lot of anti-rejection medicine to get the body to accept that the new part is a part of it, and not react like you've lodged a spear in it.

It's very non-trivial. And uh, certain organs are easier to swap than moving parts, since there's less of an issue with having to control them.

>You will burn for forsaking your people, traitor!
I didn't have a choice, Kharn. They killed me. And fire is their element, the tribes always lived by ice.

...why are you here?
>>
No. 552040 ID: dbe554

>(Living parts? How would that even work? I mean, you can’t just put an arm on someone and expect it to work, right?)

Actually with some magic, and some medicinal technology it's used as a living graft onto the body, you can even use living skin as a medicine to help the body recover from heavy burns and the like!
>>
No. 552041 ID: 322908

Really? You can bring people back from the dead, but replacing a limb is a ridiculous and impossible concept to you? Give the voices in your head SOME credibility here.

But, uh, not like this other guy apparently does.

Jericho, don't you know this guy? any way you can get him to snap out of the zealot routine?
>>
No. 552043 ID: 7bbaae

Tell him he's being manipulated by a psychopathic wraith.
>>
No. 552049 ID: 9ddf68

don't worry Jericho you already burned when helping the prince, this guy isn't much of a profit if all he can do is tell you things that already happened.

Anyways ask him how he fucked up to get in this mess right now? last we heard we was being moved into the medical field within this city.
>>
No. 552064 ID: 96b823

Hmm. I can't decide if Kharn is being used as a pawn by another player or if he suffered a mental break after being captured and the voices of the gods he's hearing are just from his own mind. He hasn't said any specifics yet that lean towards one or the other.

Jericho, ask Kharn exactly what you did that has the gods so enraged at you. Because if it's for anything done after the Serath raised you as an undead slave then you shouldn't be held responsible since you're bound by magic to do their bidding. Then lets see if he says anything that only another player would know about what you've done.

Eliraz, while Jericho's talking lean over to Uri and ask her what the slave did to be sentenced to death.

>>552034
Hold on saying this, Jericho. If he is a player's pawn I'd rather you not hint that you know such things, lest you be targeted by his player.

>>552037
Next to impossible. Aviris would have suffocated long before being digested. He also went "crunch" when the skrang hit, so I seriously doubt he was even alive when he was swallowed.

>>552040
We've also seen parts rapidly grown in vats from tissues altered so they're a perfect match for the recipient, then attached with surgery on the cellular level. However, I think we've digressed from the situation at hand. We can talk Tera's ear off about bio-magic and bio-tech at a later time.
>>
No. 552067 ID: 7bbaae

>>552064
I think the other player already knows. In fact, I think Kharn's player is the same one as was controlling Aviris.
>>
No. 552138 ID: b3ca75
File 138712003039.png - (30.13KB , 900x450 , 68.png )
552138

>The guy who got eaten by that worm may have been a primary pawn: it hasn't been 24 hours yet, so he could very well be alive right now, just inside of a stomach.
:ElirazRUST: (That would be very unlikely. True, they do consume their pray alive and they digest them extremely slowly, but you’d have to be very lucky with how much air it swallows to even survive an hour… err… or unlucky… it’s probably unlucky to survive so long. Anyway, it’s been several hours since he was consumed, so it’s safe to say he’s dead by now.)
>Fire is their element, the tribes always lived by ice.
:JerichoRUSTED: (That’s exactly why we see ice as holy magic and fire as evil magic from hell... and that’s why the Seraths sees it the opposite way…)
>You can bring people back from the dead, but replacing a limb is a ridiculous and impossible concept to you?
:TeraRUST: (We can replace body part, just no with living part. The body kind off… kicks it away… rejects it, like you said.)

>Tell him he's being manipulated by a psychopathic wraith.
:KharnRUST: Have you truly fallen so far, brother? Believing that the gods themselves aren’t real? No wonder that they abandon you, heretic.
>Jericho, ask Kharn exactly what you did that has the gods so enraged at you.
:KharnRUST: You turned away from them… you choose to come back when they welcomed you with open arms… and now… now you serve them, the demons!
:JerichoRUSTED: I didn’t really have a choice-
:KharnRUST: Choice? You always had the choice! You should have broken the chains that binds you and killed the heretics that did this to you! But you’re weak! Afraid! You aren’t fit to be blessed by the gods any longer…

>Eliraz, while Jericho's talking lean over to Uri and ask her what the slave did to be sentenced to death.
:UriRUST: He broke into the archives and tried to steal maps showing mines, patrol routes and cities in the general area. That information can hurt a lot of people getting into the wr- wait… did it just get colder?
:KharnRUST: HA! YES! THE GODS HAVE ANSWEARED MY PRAYERS! OH, USE YOUR HOLY ICE TO SMITE THE NON-BELIVERS! SMITE THE HE-
>>
No. 552139 ID: b3ca75
File 138712004140.png - (29.90KB , 900x450 , 69.png )
552139

*Clirr*
:UriRUST: Whe- wha- who froze him!?

Insert Gods: -1, Atheists: 0, Liverpool: 3_
>>
No. 552140 ID: 7bbaae

Huh. I don't see any evidence of magic use. Whoever did it is very sneaky. Or very skilled. Is there anyone in this group that can detect where the magic came from?
>>
No. 552141 ID: 753914

Wellp, so much for that. He's been silenced so he doesn't give the game away.
And don't worry Jericho. Even if it DOES get out you're a mage, you didn't have enough energy to freeze him like that anyhow, right?
>>
No. 552142 ID: dbe554

That..Was a very thorough Freezing! He shouldn't have just shattered so easily if it was just an outer coating..

...At least I hope it was a full freeze, because if he's in half now he's gonna suffer quite a bit.
>>
No. 552144 ID: 5393d7

That wasn't you was it?
>>
No. 552146 ID: 96b823

Jericho, how much magic did you feel go off just then? Tera, same question.

Eliraz, I think what happened here is important enough to immediately elevate up to your mother, or at least the head of the military. It strongly implies there's an ice mage out there that's powerful enough to completely ice a person at long range without line of sight. That's bad enough, but that mage is also a powerful telepath, or working with one, and impersonating the tribes' gods. And if there's a telepath involved then Kharn may not have even had to get the physical documents out to get the info out; He would only need to look at them. I'm guessing he was a sacrificial pawn, only meant to get eyes on those docs.

It looks like Kharn was flash frozen to keep him from saying anything more. Also, Tera, can we get your professional opinion on this? Has Kharn's body been ice damaged to the point it won't be possible to stick him together to raise him as undead for questioning?

Going by what info Kharn was trying to, or succeed in, getting out, I'm pretty certain it was for the player that blocked us from the shaman; The one that likely has Mor'Kay as a pawn.

>Chose to come back; Break your chains
You couldn't have turned away, could you? You don't remember anything from when you were dead, do you? And I wonder if you really could break free from your binding runes on your own. We'll have to keep on the lookout for such things. Maybe check the temple's library for any records of undead doing that.
>>
No. 552148 ID: b3ca75
File 138712984096.png - (22.38KB , 900x450 , 70.png )
552148

>Maybe check the temple's library for any records of undead breaking free.
:JerichoRUSTED: (Hmm…)
>That wasn't you was it?
:JerichoRUSTED: (W-what!? Of course not! That was way above my level of magic!)
>That… was a very thorough Freezing! He shouldn't have just shattered so easily if it was just an outer coating…
:JerichoRUSTED: (It must have been someone very powerful that cast that.)
>Is there anyone in this group that can detect where the magic came from?
:JerichoRUSTED: (I… I can sense the magic coming from Kharn… from within Kharn…)
>Has Kharn's body been ice damaged to the point it won't be possible to stick him together to raise him as undead for questioning?
:TeraRUST: (He’s nothing more than a popsicle now!)

:UriRUST: Alright, people, nothing to see! Please move on and let the guard handle this! Move it! Someone get the word to the Sultan and Xaldin.



:ElirazRUST: Ah… home, sweet home… err… I guess this is your home now too. I’ve yet had the time to make room for a “servant quarter” here, so I guess you’ll have to live in here for a the time being… err… you don’t need a bed, right?
:JerichoRUSTED: As long as I get somewhere I can read in peace I’m happy.
:ElirazRUST: Right. Now, let me test something… *cough*… Jericho, I order you to do ten sit-ups!
:JerichoRUSTED: …err…
:ElirazRUST: …ah, it worked. You wanted freedom, right? Well, here you have it, as much freedom as I can give you. The only ones that can give you any kind of orders now are the sultan and guards, otherwise you free man… in fact… if you want to leave, I’ll give you a raptor and some supplies.
:JerichoRUSTED: Leave where? The tribes out there would burn me alive for being undead and I don’t really have anywhere else to go.
:ElirazRUST: …well, then you are free to stay here, with me. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have a cold refreshing bath with my name on it waiting. Really, watching the sunrise while submerged in clear blue water is more than anyone can hope for. Please, make yourself at home, Jericho.
:JerichoRUSTED: Thank you.

Insert I was frozen today!_
>>
No. 552150 ID: fd6ae9

Huh. I didn't see any indication as to where that came from, unless he froze himself. Any of you spellcaster types sense where that was coming from?

>break free
...I'm not sure he wants to. In a lot of ways, Jer likes his new life. Unlife. Whatever.
>>
No. 552151 ID: fd6ae9

Hey, who are the others in that family portrait? I assume that's their dad on the end, but there's a third sibling too?

>bath
Jeeze, these guys have a lot of water.
>>
No. 552152 ID: dbe554

Check his personal bookcase for any good books to read.
>>
No. 552157 ID: 96b823

Heh. Eliraz is a clever one, and it also removes the risk we were slightly worried of that you'd be turned into a bedroom fixture. So trust++ for Eliraz.

Take a look around the place. Check out all the rooms that aren't the bathroom. Poke inside all the containers and peruse the bookshelves. I wonder what kind of reading material Eliraz keeps. We'll search for his private stash later, though with Shadow's powers he likely doesn't keep it in the physical realm.

Who're those two on the right side of the portrait? I'm assuming the right-most is Eliraz's father, but who's next to him? A brother? Check if there's a plate on the frame with the names and date it was made.

Pop open that wine bottle and pour out a glass for Eliraz for when he gets out of the tub. Maybe hold onto and occasionally sniff it until then, since it is a far cry from the swill you drank when alive. Shame you can't drink it, but that's probably for the best...

Yanno, I wonder if there's a guidebook for newly undead you could get. Something that lays out what you can, can't, should and shouldn't do, as well as maintenance directions. Perhaps you can taste, drink or even eat certain things, if you follow precautions and procedures.

>>552151
Well, they have a lot of water relative to the rest of the desert. Plus, he's a prince so he'd have greater access to water. It may be that the populace as a whole doesn't have such freedom to use water.

Hmm. That reminds me of something I meant to ask. Jericho, earlier we asked Tera where the Serath get their water from and she said it was pumped up from deep wells. She also mentioned that the tribes would destroy the pumps and wells for religious reasons if they got the chance. That strikes me as really counterproductive when the primary need and demand the tribes have is for water. So is she misinformed or is the zealotry really that strong in the tribes?
>>
No. 552162 ID: b3ca75
File 138713551473.png - (21.66KB , 900x450 , 71.png )
552162

>Hey, who are the others in that family portrait? I assume that's their dad on the end, but there's a third sibling too?
:ElirazRUST: Indeed, that’s my father… and next to him… that would be my twin brother, Eliros.
:JerichoRUSTED: You have a twin brother?
:ElirazRUST: We’re triplets, actually… I guess Elizah got all the womanly parts and Eliros all the manly parts… leaving me with the leftovers.
:JerichoRUSTED: Why haven’t I heard about him before?
:ElirazRUST: He wasn’t happy that Elizah got the throne, so three years ago he staged a coup. It failed and he was marked and exiled to die in the desert. That’s why we usually don’t talk about him.
>Jeeze, these guys have a lot of water.
:ElirazRUST: We repurpose the used water to water our crops. That way we won’t throw away the water needlessly.

>mentioned that the tribes would destroy the pumps and wells for religious reasons if they got the chance.
We do? I know that we destroy temples, idols and the like, but I’ve never heard about these pumps… in fact, I never knew where they got the water from before.
>Take a look around the place. Check out all the rooms that aren't the bathroom.
Let’s see… a bedroom with a nice big bed, some kind of study with half-finished paintings in it, some kind of storage that’s mostly empty and this hallway I’m in right now.
>Poke inside all the containers.
Mostly clothes and stuff, nothing interesting.
>Pop open that wine bottle and pour out a glass for Eliraz for when he gets out of the tub.
There we go. Hopefully he’ll appreciate it.
>Maybe hold onto and occasionally sniff it until then, since it is a far cry from the swill you drank when alive.
…I’m not that desperate.

>Check his personal bookcase for any good books to read.
Hmm… mostly fiction… but there is some interesting books here. “How to take care of undead servants for dummies”, “Heroes of old times”, “Shadow beings from hell and outer space”, “Songs about fire and ice magic”, “Cylinder world”, “Necromancy 101”… the list goes on…
>We'll search for his private stash later, though with Shadow's powers he likely doesn't keep it in the physical realm.
Hey, there’s some books behind the other ones! It’s almost like he was trying to hide them! …”Confessions of a paladin”… I wonder what it’s about? …and what’s this?
>I wonder if there's a guidebook for newly undead you could get.
“How to spice up the bedroom in the second life: Guide to undead erotica”… that’s not the kind of guide book I was looking for… really…

Insert People should hide these thing better_
>>
No. 552164 ID: dbe554

>Confessions of a paladin

It's practically a porn between a Paladin and Undead. He really has a thing for you, it's a bit sad that you being the first one to show this sort of attention has him enthralled this much. He must have been truly lonely.

>Songs about fire and ice magic

I remember this book, it features alot of people dying in horrible ways throughout the tales.
>>
No. 552165 ID: 5ce288

Jericho, I think it might be time you decide how you feel about the prince.
>>
No. 552166 ID: 2f4b71

>That’s exactly why we see ice as holy magic and fire as evil magic from hell... and that’s why the Seraths sees it the opposite way…
In the desert, the Hydraulic Economy thing going on seperates fire and ice mages. But what about in the rest of the world, like in the swamps and mountains?
>>
No. 552167 ID: 9ddf68

well are there any books there that you find interesting or useful? might as well pop one open and read since we really don't have anything else to do... or we could take a look in the book of prophecy to see what else has been written in it.
>>
No. 552170 ID: 96b823

...Yeah, that's not quite the kind of guide we were looking for, though the sections on through cleaning and what never to put on or in a mummy may be worth skimming. The book on caring for undead servants and the primer on necromancy ought to cover most everything else you'd need to know.

I wonder if these books on undead are recent additions or if they've been here longer. Perhaps Eliraz had an attraction to the undead before he ever met you. Could be part of why he's so smitten.

>Brother who staged a failed coup and was exiled to the desert
Yep, I'm 110% sure this guy is somehow involved in what's going on, whether or not he's alive or dead. My initial guess is he was snapped up by one of the tribes and as a final "fuck you" to Elizah metaphorically spilled his guts about the city defenses before they were literally spilled.

I'm also wondering where Eliraz's father is in all this. All we kinda know is he didn't like Eliraz being a hermaphrodite. Was he on Eliros' side in the coup?

>Tribes don't destroy water pumps
Well, that deserves looking into. Tera may have just misremembered, but if she didn't then it could just be propaganda against the tribes, or there might be another group destroying pumps.
>>
No. 552175 ID: b3ca75
File 138714165775.png - (23.02KB , 900x450 , 72.png )
552175

>In the desert, the Hydraulic Economy thing going on separates fire and ice mages. But what about in the rest of the world, like in the swamps and mountains?
I’m really the wrong person to ask about that. All my life I’ve only known the desert.
>we could take a look in the book of prophecy to see what else has been written in it.
…nothing new.
>I wonder if these books on undead are recent additions or if they've been here longer.
They seem quite well read, so there’s no way they are new.

>...Yeah, that's not quite the kind of guide we were looking for, though the sections on through cleaning and what never to put on or in a mummy may be worth skimming.
Hmm… My insides are self-cleaning, just like Tera said, so I don’t have to brush my teeth or anything… Things you aren’t supposed to put in an undead are mostly the obvious stuff.
>The book on caring for undead servants and the primer on necromancy ought to cover most everything else you'd need to know.
I should read these while I wait for Eliraz to finish.

:ElirazRUST: Rubber ducky, you’re the one… makes bath time tons of fun~

>Jericho, I think it might be time you decide how you feel about the prince.
…I… I… um… I don’t really know. He’s nice and all but… I’ve haven’t known him for long… and I still got feelings for his sister… that, if anything, would be quite awkward… on the other hand, his butt is kind of cute and… err… I think I need some more time, alright?

[Player pink has sent you a message: “Meet me in the courtyard in one hour – E.”!]

…wait, what?

Insert Increase your tail size! Click here!_
>>
No. 552176 ID: 9ddf68

plus we think you might be siblings, nothing to really prove that but nothing to disprove it either. Oh it also seems the prince is out of the tub.

Have we meet pink yet? don't think so but hey might as well see if this guy is going to be the type that tries and kills us, the type that tries to outsmart us, or the type that actually helps us. only one way to find out.
>>
No. 552179 ID: 5ce288

Other players are almost certainly a danger. If you go, go prepared.
>>
No. 552187 ID: 96b823

Oh, I never knew we could send messages directly to other players. [Message to player Pink: "Perhaps, if you can convince me you won't shank the pawn I send."]

Hand the glass of wine to Eliraz and tell him the message we just got, if he didn't hear it himself. We're going to have to figure out how to handle this with as little risk to whoever goes as possible, or even if anybody goes at all. We can't send Jericho, since he's our prime, so who else might we send?

The message was signed with "E," so who here has a name that starts with "E?" Elizah, of course. What about the sultan and Eliraz's father? What're their names? The message also only said "courtyard," so presumably Pink knows we're attached to someone in the palace. Which makes me wonder how Pink found that out.

>"I don't really know."
That's good, Jericho. Getting to know Eliraz and Elizah well before making a decision is the right thing to do. After all, you really don't know much about Elizah beyond her being really, really physically attractive.
>>
No. 552193 ID: b3ca75
File 138714753691.png - (22.77KB , 900x450 , 73.png )
552193

>[Message to player Pink: "Perhaps, if you can convince me you won't shank the pawn I send."]
…no answer. Either he didn’t get it or he refuses to answer.
>After all, you really don't know much about Elizah beyond her being really, really physically attractive.
And that she’s really, really nice.

>Hand the glass of wine to Eliraz.
:ElirazRUST: Ah, how thoughtful of you. Much appreciated!
>Tell him the message we just got, if he didn't hear it himself.
:ElirazRUST: Here? In the courtyard? E? Hmm…
>Who here has a name that starts with "E?" Elizah, of course. What about the sultan and Eliraz's father? What're their names?
:ElirazRUST: Their names are Leanah and Ethros… I’m pretty sure it can’t be my father. He’s down in the marches to the south, researching the weird weather they’ve had lately. He’s going to be down there for other month, at least.

>We're going to have to figure out how to handle this with as little risk to whoever goes as possible, or even if anybody goes at all.
:ElirazRUST: Well, I can always have some guards there… and I can probably sneak in there undetected.
>We can't send Jericho, since he's our prime, so who else might we send?
:ElirazRUST: I’m the only one in the palace, right? Otherwise we need to get Tera, who I’m pretty sure is asleep right now, and Thaark… who’s probably drunk if Ilbir’s stories have any truth in them. But if they want to talk I would recommend coming there in person… as a sign of trust. You should always try diplomacy first, right?
:JerichoRUSTED: And if whoever is there tries to kill me?
:ElirazRUST: Then we have an hour to prepare for that. Let’s start with hiding some armor under those clothes and go from there… or, if you’re going to be paranoid, I can go in your stead.

Insert Be like a wizard, be prepared for everything… except the obvious…_
>>
No. 552197 ID: dbe554

Eli's sneaking skills and ability to dodge are far above Jer's, I mean his magical power is good but we're not certain if that'll be reliable enough to defend himself in time, considering his previous efforts against the shadow in a panic.
>>
No. 552199 ID: 7bbaae

>>552193
Guards and armor should be enough.
>>
No. 552213 ID: 96b823

Okay. Jericho, in the interests of being diplomatic, you're going in. With sensible precautions. For starters get an armor plate over your core on both sides. Eliraz can change into his shadow garb and sneak into hiding over the courtyard, ready to strike if things go bad, after ordering guards be stationed at every exit from the courtyard.

What's the layout of the courtyard? Loads of high locations a sharpshooter or mage could strike from? What about under the courtyard? Any chance of explosives or a strike from below?
>>
No. 552235 ID: 322908

Jericho can, and has, lost limbs and survived. Just get him some armor, clear out the balconies and rooftops beforehand, stick a few guards close enough that they can hear potential cries for help, and hopefully we can go like five minutes without a big fucking crisis where more old friends die in unpreventable ways.

Haha who am I kidding right

Although, why couldn't they have said whatever needed to be said in that message? Or at least mention why we need to talk? Definitely err on the side of caution here.
>>
No. 552285 ID: b3ca75
File 138721505747.png - (35.68KB , 900x450 , 74.png )
552285

>Armor.
:JerichoRUSTED: Isn’t this breast plate a bit on the decorative side?
:ElirazRUST: It’s mine, so of course it’s a bit nicer than average, but it’s better made too. Besides, you’re hiding it under your clothes so no one will see it anyway.
>Guards.
:ElirazRUST: I’ll make sure there are guard stationed at every exit… and that there’s patrols on every alcove around the courtyard.

>Eliraz can change into his shadow garb and sneak into hiding over the courtyard.
:ElirazRUST: Err… I’m pretty sure I’ll be more invisible with my current get up. I’m supposed to be here, after all.
>What's the layout of the courtyard? Loads of high locations a sharpshooter or mage could strike from?
:ElirazRUST: All the floors have corridors with big open windows going around the whole courtyard, but luckily, if you keep to the trees they’ll have trouble seeing you from above.
>What about under the courtyard? Any chance of explosives or a strike from below?
:ElirazRUST: That would be very unlikely. To be on the safe side tough, don’t step on any disturbed dirt.

>Jericho, in the interests of being diplomatic, you're going in.
Alright… here I am… I guess this is where they wanted to meet me. Hmm… who’s this? I think I recognize her…

Insert Time for a blind date!_
>>
No. 552286 ID: dbe554

Call out for player pink, introduce self as necessarily.
>>
No. 552287 ID: 8f5d92

whoever she is she looks kinda pissed, probably doesn't want to be here if I had to guess.
>>
No. 552296 ID: 96b823

That's Captain Xaldin. She was in the library when you returned after getting your head reattached. I think she's the captain of the guard... And technically a guard... Oh, fuck...

Abort! Get out of there or hide! She's a guard; She can order you! She could order you to stand there and tell her anything or everything you know! She could ask who our prime pawn is! She could order you to stab yourself through your core! Dammit!

She hasn't seen you yet, so slip behind a statue or the bushes if you don't think you could get away without her hearing.

Eliraz! Can you hear us? Pink sent Captain Xaldin. We can't risk Jericho being ordered by her. We need you to take Jericho's place right away.
>>
No. 552299 ID: b3ca75
File 138722185608.png - (38.16KB , 900x450 , 75.png )
552299

>That's Captain Xaldin. She was in the library when you returned after getting your head reattached. I think she's the captain of the guard... And technically a guard... Oh, fuck... Abort!
Let’s get out of he-
:XaldinRUST: Jericho, I presume?
:JerichoRUSTED: Nnnnnyes? You’re… um… Ms. Pink?
:XaldinRUST: …No… I’m here in case you have any funny ideas. You can come forth now, my princesses.
:ElizahRUST: I must apologize, Jericho, but… um… my friend insisted that I took some precautions, considering what you did to “gray”. I… I appreciate it… by the way… what you did to my brother I mean. Err… I mean that you saved him… um… not… anything else you’ve done to him…
:JerichoRUSTED: It was my pleasure… saving him, I mean.
:ElizahRUST: I’m sure it was… did the knife work as intended? You used it, right?

Insert But you haven’t even done anything to her brother yet!_
>>
No. 552300 ID: 5ce288

It seems weird that she would mention doing anything else with her brother. I wonder what gave her the idea there was something going on between you two.

Let her know the knife worked. There's not really any way around it. She's either going to ask for it back or command you to give it back to her, so let her have it.

Again, there really is no way around that.
>>
No. 552303 ID: dbe554

Well Pink did mentally abuse your brother, forced him to do things against his will, and generally was such an all around douchebag that he kinda deserved it.

Unless you really are some horrific being inflicting pain on the side that we don't know, we are rather kinda nice. If touchy if people hurt those under us, we caaare to much.
>>
No. 552304 ID: 5ce288

>>552303
I assume you meant gray.
>>
No. 552308 ID: 322908

Now would be a good time to return the knife, just make sure the captain knows you don't have any 'funny ideas' as she put it.

If you can find a tactful way to say that you haven't done anything to her brother, go ahead. Otherwise, explain that there's no need to be cautious; she hasn't done us wrong, and we aren't going to squander her kindness. Unless there IS a reason players should be wary of each other in which case she should explain because we're kinda in the dark on that.

Also, you can see figures in the reflection of the water; it looks like we ghost orbs are sticking out your back, a pink figure that looks just like Elizah is standing behind the real one, and a figure that may be an invisible prince right behind you.
>>
No. 552310 ID: 96b823

Oh, derp. Didn't spot Elizah hiding behind the tree. Shoulda figured she'd be "E."

Tell her that the dagger did work as intended, though technically Eliraz was the one who ended up wielding it; Don't offer to give it back unless she asks for it. Then ask how long she's known her "friend" for; You've only known yours for less than a fortnight.

Well, Jericho, this certainly complicates ideas of pursuing romance with Elizah. We'll have to vet Pink well before heading anywhere in that direction.

Oh, hey we can see ourselves reflected in the water, floating around Jericho. I thought that was just a thing when in the hallucination. And Eliraz is reflected too, even though he's invisible. Do you know about this reflection thing, Eliraz? Pink is reflected as well, right behind Elizah. It's nice that Pink looks just like Elizah and not some tendril thing like us or Grey. [Wave "hi" to Pink]

>>552303
Dude, Grey was the one doing all that, not Pink. Pink's with Princess Elizah. Everything else is right, though.
>>
No. 552315 ID: b3ca75
File 138723008252.png - (38.50KB , 900x450 , 76.png )
552315

>Tell her that the dagger did work as intended.
:ElizahRUST: Wonderful! Then rose’s plan… err… rose as in pink… um… her plan worked. You successfully freed my brother and for that you have my deepest thanks. Oh, and can have the dagger back?
:JerichoRUSTED: Of course, here.
:ElizahRUST: Thank you, Jericho… if you want to borrow it in the future you just have to ask… err… as long as you explain what you’re planning to do with it.
>If you can find a tactful way to say that you haven't done anything to her brother, go ahead.
:JerichoRUSTED: Um… I don’t know where you’ve gotten the idea from but… me and your brother… well…
:ElizahRUST: Oh, I’m sorry… I jumped to conclusions and… sorry… It’s just… I know about the things he likes and… he bought you for so much and… sorry. I mean, you probably don’t even swing that way and… err…
>Also, you can see figures in the reflection of the water; it looks like we ghost orbs are sticking out your back, a pink figure that looks just like Elizah is standing behind the real one, and a figure that may be an invisible prince right behind you.
:ElizahRUST: He’s right behind me, right?
:ElirazRUST: Actually, I’m in front of you.
:ElizahRUST: I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to- sorry, I’m so sorry-
:ElirazRUST: Sister, stop apologizing. There are no hurt feelings. But… um… I shouldn’t have been listening in on you like that. I know that you aren’t a threat so… I’ll take me leave.
:ElizahRUST: No, wait, you don’t have leave, brother.
:ElirazRUST: No, no… I insist. You should have your conversation in private.

>Explain that there's no need to be cautious; she hasn't done us wrong, and we aren't going to squander her kindness.
:ElizahRUST: Oh, but there is. I don’t know fully what your goals are yet, after all. Most “players” tends to fight whenever they get near another one, so it’s hard to tell if you’re aggressive or not. But… I guess I trust you, Jericho… and I can feel Rose starting to do the same. That bring us to why we are here. Rose wishes to extend her hand in friendship… for an allegiance, so to speak. You know, you scratch my back, I’ll scratch yours? What do you say?

Insert Xaldin is probably feeling like chopped liver right now_
>>
No. 552317 ID: 5ce288

We can't form an alliance when we don't understand the game. Much less the significance of the other players. Especially in relation to us.
>>
No. 552318 ID: 9ddf68

...that your bodyguard looks like she wants to kill something right now.

Oh and for the pack, yeah sure, we usually don't go around starting fights if we can avoid them. However we WILL defend ourselves and our friends if threatened.

also does every royal family member have a damn voice with them? it seems to be a family trend.
>>
No. 552320 ID: 322908

Well, if Rose explains this 'game' as it were, I suppose we can agree to an alliance or truce or ceasefire or whatever you had in mind.

>>552318
She's not getting paid enough to deal with royal eccentricities.
>>
No. 552321 ID: 753914

Uhhh...Gonna try something that worked before when it came to communication.

[connect to Elizah]

But so far, seems like it won't be a problem, depends on the game's victory condition though...
>>
No. 552322 ID: 88960e

I suppose we might run into problems based on what we ask each other to do, but in general I don't have a problem working together.

Is direct communication an option? We talked to Shadow before she freaked out, blocked us, and got all murdery.
>>
No. 552324 ID: b3ca75
File 138723572595.png - (38.14KB , 900x450 , 77.png )
552324

>[connect to Elizah]
[Unable to connect; Pink players chat function is disabled.]
>Is direct communication an option? We talked to Shadow before she freaked out, blocked us, and got all murdery.
:ElizahRUST: Um… I don’t think she want to talk to you directly… you see, she’s a bit… shy. It took ages just to persuade her to start talking to Xaldin.
:XaldinRUST: Having a voice in your head that just came and whimpered at you was quite annoying, let me tell you.

>Does every royal family member have a damn voice with them? it seems to be a family trend.
:ElizahRUST: I don’t know… it’s possible, but both father, mother and my grandparents have never said or shown it in any way that they have them.
>If Rose explains this 'game' as it were…
:ElizahRUST: She… we don’t really know a lot about it. All we know is that there’s players fighting… and that those rocks… key stone Ilbir called them, are supposed to lead to some bonus resource that’s important.
>Depends on the game's victory condition though...
:ElizahRUST: A better question would be if there even is one… and what happens if you win.
>I suppose we can agree to an alliance or truce or ceasefire or whatever you had in mind.
:ElizahRUST: Lovely~

[Player Teal(Insane)(Erratic) have made an alliance with Player Pink(Normal)(Diplomat)!]

:ElizahRUST: I knew you would be a reasonable one, Jericho. Now, is there anything else I can assist you with? Remember that I’m here if you ever need anything, anything at all. Oh… and Rose says that you look nice in that robe… err… wait, you want me to tell him I think his robe is n- but- What!? I’m not saying that! Ugh, I’m sorry, Jericho… Rose, she’s a bit of a… um… matchmaker… I’m sorry for that…

Insert Teal x Pink OTP 4 ever_
>>
No. 552325 ID: 5ce288

>both father, mother and my grandparents have never said or shown it in any way that they have them.
The exiled brother has though? That can't be good.

Why are we labeled insane and erratic? :<
>>
No. 552326 ID: 753914

Oh how I wish we had a mouth to laugh with.
Elirah, We also dabble in matchmaking. As far as here, we've been more concerned with the mysteries of what's coming/what we need to do to avoid BAD ENDS...
>>
No. 552327 ID: 88960e

It's okay. We've been guilty of that ourselves. Nice to see people happy, you now? Although we try to be a little more hands off these days.
>>
No. 552329 ID: 7bbaae

>>552324
Hey, who's that statue with the large facial markings? Could be your grandfather or even your father, Jericho.

P.S. tell her we're a bit of a matchmaker too, don't worry about it. We're just not sure who to pair up with Jericho yet.
>>
No. 552330 ID: 9ddf68

match making huh? Yeah we did that a lot back in the day, usually ended with a mass orgy, now however we're going for a slower approach to try and keep it fresh and interesting for us. That and we believe there to be some unknown factors between some of the people we want to pair that we want to confirm before we try anything to keep things from getting awkward down the road.
>>
No. 552331 ID: 7bbaae

>>552325
Insane is our... difficulty, I think, erratic is our behavior.
>>
No. 552332 ID: 322908

Something tells me we're going to get along quite nicely.

I suppose the next thing we should do is get information on these stones. We should try asking the dwarf, or any other learned folk running around here.
>>
No. 552333 ID: 96b823

Heh. Sounds to me like Rosie was rather more lewd than "matchmaker" would imply. How much you wanna bet that secret item you delivered to Elizah started out as Rose's idea?

Tell her it's quite alright. We've been guilty of matchmaking since before this world was a twinkle in the gods' eyes. Heck, we were the matchmakers to the tribes' gods. ...Yanno, Jericho, you might not have to choose between them. We've seen polygamous relationships work before.

We do have a question for Elizah: Did Eliros have a "player" like us or Rose? Was that the reason he tried to stage a coup? And a question for Xaldin: What's the reaction up in the palace been to that slave that suddenly froze solid? What's the speculation been on that?

>>552331
Ah, that makes much more sense. Looks like we're the one to gang up on in this game.
>>
No. 552334 ID: dbe554

Believe us we match everyone we can meet. Specially if they show interest. Most of the times we try and end things in a harem so that everyone is happy.
>>
No. 552336 ID: b3ca75
File 138724272386.png - (39.28KB , 900x450 , 78.png )
552336

>Why are we labeled insane and erratic?
[Difficulty: Insane. Behavior: Erratic.]
>Yanno, Jericho, you might not have to choose between them. We've seen polygamous relationships work before.
…I don’t… I… err…

>tell her we're a bit of a matchmaker too, don't worry about it. We're just not sure who to pair up with Jericho yet.
:ElizahRUST: Really? Personally, I would pair him with my brother. They make such a cute couple, don’t they~
:JerichoRUSTED: I’m standing right here, you know.
:ElizahRUST: *Giggle* I know, it’s just that you’re so cute when you’re embarrassed. Rose, on the other hand, pairs Jericho with me… of course; she pairs everything even close to male with me at first.
>The exiled brother has though? That can't be good.
:ElizahRUST: Eliros? He’s probably not even alive anymore… but if he is… he’s probably trouble. I don’t know if he ever had a player, but it’s possible.
>a question for Xaldin: What's the reaction up in the palace been to that slave that suddenly froze solid? What's the speculation been on that?
:XaldinRUST: I already know what did it. A powerful ice based player self-terminated one of his pawns. I’m trying my best to keep this from becoming common knowledge, though- Don’t want a panic about people suddenly gets frozen on the streets, now do we?

>I suppose the next thing we should do is get information on these stones. We should try asking the dwarf, or any other learned folk running around here.
:ElizahRUST: You should probably ask Ilbir. He’s the one with the most knowledge about the stones. Hmm… maybe you should talk to my brother too… I’ve seen that he’s been reading a lot about the ancient times, he might have a theory or two.
>Hey, who's that statue with the large facial markings?
:ElizahRUST: The statues? They are made to resemble the sultans. To the right is my mother, Leanah, …she became undead before she became Sultan. Then there’s my grandfather, Elitrin, the one with the staff… he was one of the most powerful fire mage that’s ever lived, I guess that’s were I’ve inherited my powers. Then there’s my grandfather’s cousin, Esiros, the one with the larger markings… he only ruled for three years before he stepped down and gave the throne to my grandfather… he lived for adventures and he just shouldn’t tie himself to this city. He spent most of his life traveling the world. Then there’s Esiros father, Ersinoros,… I don’t know much about him… nor about his mother, Lea.

Insert The apple does fall far from the family tree_
>>
No. 552338 ID: 9ddf68

huh, well other then some guards walking by I don't really see anything to apparent right now, but we do now know that she's a fire mage and a good strong one at that, could be useful.

But yeah, do you have anything else for us or should we call this a night?
>>
No. 552339 ID: 5ce288

>Esiros
Okay, so that makes Jericho... a distant cousin of some sort to the royal family I think.
>>
No. 552341 ID: 7bbaae

>>552336
YEP, that's your grandfather alright. You're distantly related to the royal family. Ask her if she found out why the name "Jericho" sounded familiar. Did she check in her extended family tree?

Also it sounds like she's not that interested in you, Jericho. That makes your choice much easier.

Some guards are on the balcony on patrol and/or eavesdropping.

Also, that ice-based player was almost certainly the same AI guiding the "demon", who, might I add, is interested in a diplomatic solution. Please inform the princess of that.
>>
No. 552344 ID: beeca1

Welp, looks like you ARE related to them. Only distantly, though.

Might want to mention that if you've any proof.
>>
No. 552362 ID: 96b823

Going by the facial markings it looks like you just might be related to the royal family, by way of Esiros.

Ask Elizah when Esiros died, to rule in or out if you could be his son. If he's alive ask where he is now. If he's dead, ask if he was raised as undead and where he is now. If he's dead-dead ask if the royal family have his personal journals as well as other records of his travels. In fact, ask if they have them anyway. Lets get Eliraz in on this to help go through them. Perhaps there's an intersection between Esiros' adventures and the key stones.

Our current working theory is Mor'Kay is the son of Esiros and you're the son of Mor'Kay, since Mor'Kay does have the same markings you have. However, we need you to do research on how uncommon those markings are. I'd rather not go chasing this lead only to find out the markings are common in lizards elsewhere in the world.

...Dammit. I knew I recognized the name "Eliros" from before! Back when we connected to shaman Durach (>>549476) Mor'Kay said "wake up Eliros and tell him to start making some golems." So Eliros is alive and kicking and aiding the "Daemon of the North." But that's not all. Our connection to Durach was blocked by player Blue just about when Eliros would have woken up. That leads me to believe that Eliros is Blue's pawn; Probably the prime one, if "family tradition" holds. I don't know if Durach is our pawn or Blue's, but I'm leaning towards Blue's. We just happened to connect when Blue wasn't connected.

Jericho, relay all that to Elizah, then ask what kind of magic Eliros wielded, if any. I want to confirm if he's a golemancer.
>>
No. 552391 ID: d2995c

>Also, that ice-based player was almost certainly the same AI guiding the "demon", who, might I add, is interested in a diplomatic solution.
Well, maybe. He seems to dislike violence in theory but is quick to use quite a lot of it in pursuit of long-term goals that we don't know.
>>
No. 552414 ID: b3ca75
File 138729446660.png - (37.97KB , 900x450 , 79.png )
552414

>YEP, that's your grandfather alright. You're distantly related to the royal family.
So… I’m their... what? Third cousins twice removed?
>Might want to mention that if you've any proof.
The only proof I have is the markings… and those are not unique to their family.
>Also it sounds like she's not that interested in you, Jericho.
We’ve talked like three times. Don’t expect her to throw herself over me.

>Ask her if she found out why the name "Jericho" sounded familiar.
:ElizahRUST: Oh, right. I know were I’ve heard that name before. Esiros had a son named Jericho… but he died at the age of five. That’s one of the main reasons he stepped down from the throne. Hmm… you know, it’s odd that you would share both his name and his markings…
>Ask Elizah when Esiros died, to rule in or out if you could be his son.
:ElizahRUST: He died about thirty years ago, on one of his trips making it impossible to bring him back as an undead. He’s buried down in the old royal crypts together with my grandfather.
>If he's dead-dead ask if the royal family have his personal journals as well as other records of his travels.
:ElizahRUST: He had a journal, which I’m pretty sure belongs to my brother. You have to ask him about it.

>That ice-based player was almost certainly the same AI guiding the "demon", who, might I add, is interested in a diplomatic solution. Please inform the princess of that.
:ElizahRUST: Hmm… if he’s interesting in diplomacy, they why haven’t we heard any demands yet?
>...Dammit. I knew I recognized the name "Eliros" from before! Back when we connected to shaman Durach Mor'Kay said "wake up Eliros and tell him to start making some golems."
:ElizahRUST: …what? He’s alive? And working for the Warlord? That’s… wait, you said golems? But… the art of creating golems have been lost to the ages! That can’t be true! Hmm… this is quite troubling news…
:XaldinRUST: I need to inform the Sultan of this. She needs to know what she’ll face.

Insert Still legal!_
>>
No. 552415 ID: dbe554

A Dire Portent is arriving at this rate.
>>
No. 552418 ID: fd6ae9

>A powerful ice based player self-terminated one of his pawns.
...that means that player is unabashedly presenting itself as a god to its followers.

>We’ve talked like three times. Don’t expect her to throw herself over me.
...we've honestly seen throwing over a lot less.
>>
No. 552422 ID: 7bbaae

>>552414
You're probably named after the first Jericho, then.

I thought the reason why they didn't deliver any demands was that they wanted to show their strength first? The village that was destroyed was that show of strength, and so AFTER that happened is when they would give their demands. The village was a couple days away, so their messenger is probably just not here yet. They probably didn't expect a survivor to kill his mount getting here so much faster than their messenger.

Well, whatever, we already know their demands. "Food, water, weapons and no bloodshed. Just enough so both sides can go away sated."

Oh, where's Der'Ankh? Morkay was just heading there, and presumably gave them their demands, actually...

Oh, they said something about a backdoor to the capital.
>>
No. 552423 ID: fd6ae9

>>552422
We know their purported demands. Secondhand. We don't know for sure that's all the player in control really wants. Wouldn't be the first time someone has lead a cause by telling his followers he's more just or reasonable than he really is.

Of course, it's possible it's true, but we should be cautious.
>>
No. 552425 ID: e9e331

wonder if Eliors found a broken golem like we did and figured it out from watching it repair itself... or maybe he just asked it how to make more. Next time we see Ilbar we should ask him if he has asked Artemis if he knows how to make golems.
>>
No. 552427 ID: 7bbaae

>>552423
Well, if we get told different demands, we can tell the Shaman he's being lied to. So that sort of deception would blow up in Morkay's face.
>>
No. 552431 ID: b3ca75
File 138730619337.png - (37.93KB , 900x450 , 80.png )
552431

>Next time we see Ilbir we should ask him if he has asked Artemis if he knows how to make golems.
Or I should just ask Artemis directly. He was in one of the crates we took with us from the excavation, after all.
>A Dire Portent is arriving at this rate.
Why can it never be something that’s simple to fight? Like a dire rat?
>...that means that player is unabashedly presenting itself as a god to its followers.
Or he just removed a pawn he didn’t have any more use for. You don’t need delusions of godhood just because you’re practical.

>Where's Der'Ankh?
:ElizahRUST: A few days from here. Hmmm… funny you should ask… mother got a message from them just before I came here.
>We already know their demands. "Food, water, weapons and no bloodshed. Just enough so both sides can go away sated."
:ElizahRUST: As much as I want to give it to them, we don’t have enough to share. We have to actually import much of our food to survive out here. The only reason why anyone lives here is because of all the metals and gems located here.
>they said something about a backdoor to the capital.
:XaldinRUST: Backdoor? We’re seated on a large bluff. The only way you can march an army into the city is through the lower slums… and then you’ll still get bottle necked when trying to breach the lower city. The only thing of any value they can reach would be the crypts and I suspect they aren’t doing this just to piss on our graves.

Insert Clearly a goal worth sacrificing thousands for_
>>
No. 552433 ID: 9b492b

Hey, I don't know if anyone's noticed this, but why does one statue have blue eyes when the rest have yellow ones?

Also, why's a chicken in that tree?
>>
No. 552434 ID: fd6ae9

>You don’t need delusions of godhood just because you’re practical.
No, I mean, from Kharn's words, he seemed to believe it was a god. Although I suppose he could have come to that conclusion on his own...
>>
No. 552436 ID: 293a2e

>making golems
>backdoor to city
>On a Bluff
Okay, two things.
First off, you might wanna tell the Tribe guys that you IMPORT your food, and more importantly, where you get it from, if you can.
Secondly?
I bet they have geomancy. That Bluff will become a flat plains by which they will bum-rush you.
Golems, as we learned by how Artemis requested stone and rocks,sound like a product Geomancy- making stone move as if it were alive, which is what leads me to believe that's the route that the Tribes will take.
>>
No. 552438 ID: 001618

so if they can make golems, and golems can make themselves out of any rock they come into contact with... what would stop them from say, just making pieces of golems that could easily be hurled into the city or sneak in and then have them finish building themselves and attack the city from the inside out?
>>
No. 552441 ID: b3ca75
File 138731063011.png - (37.87KB , 900x450 , 81.png )
552441

>Hey, I don't know if anyone's noticed this, but why does one statue have blue eyes when the rest have yellow ones?
Genetics?
>Also, why's a chicken in that tree?
I don’t know which bird you think is a chicken, but they are all birds that are supposed to be in trees.

>You might want to tell the Tribe guys that you IMPORT your food, and more importantly, where you get it from, if you can.
:ElizahRUST: We have tried, but they don’t have much to trade for the food anyway. The only thing they have right now is force.
>So if they can make golems, and golems can make themselves out of any rock they come into contact with...
:XaldinRUST: If they have powerful golems they wouldn’t go around making small demands, they would go and carve a nation of their own.
>I bet they have geomancy. That Bluff will become a flat plains by which they will bum-rush you.
:XaldinRUST: If they have a mage powerful enough to move this cliff, then what’s stopping him from just making the rock swallow us whole? The power required to do something like that would mean that the only choice we’d had would be to bend over and let them do it without lube. That’s not some wizard doing parlor tricks, that’s a demi-god throttling the heavens.

:ElizahRUST: I must apologize, Jericho, but I have other business to attend to. So… um… I… I… thank you… for saving my brother. Oh, and… err… um… here…

*Kiss*

:ElizahRUST: As a reward... now, I really need to get going. Thank you, Jericho, and I hope to see you later.

Insert Xaldin is not amused_
>>
No. 552450 ID: 96b823

Blush and say you hope to see her as well... Can you even blush anymore? It does kinda require blood flow to do.

Lets go find Eliraz and get him up to speed, then we've got some research to do. There's the Esiros thread to follow, of course, as well as learning more about the key stones, but I also want to find out more about the ancient crypts under the city.

From what we've seen so far Mor'Kay seems to think taking them would lead to victory, but what Xaldin said indicates there's no way to the upper city through them. So I have a suspicion there's something in the crypts from ancient times that Mor'Kay seeks. Maybe something that uses the key stones. The "door," perhaps?

We should also plan to head down there and check it out ourselves. If whatever Mor'Kay seeks is hidden by the game's perception filter then it probably won't be in the books or records.

Oh, I also want to get the full account of what happened in Necranest from that messenger from there; He ought to have recovered by now. I have a hunch the "giant daemon monster" he spoke of was actually a big golem with some extra bits stuck on.

>"The only thing they have now is force."
As well as apparently being the only makers of new golems in the world. Selling golems sounds like it'd be lucrative, and selling maintenance plans doubly so.
>>
No. 552452 ID: 7bbaae

I think we might be able to emigrate the nomads overseas if they can't live like they are now.

...so uh, what did we get out of this alliance anyway? Maybe we should've talked terms before we accepted and gave them all that info. Whoops. I wonder if Pink will do the honorable thing and make sure to give us assistance of some sort too.

Let's... yeah, tell Eliraz we're heading to the golem next. If he comes along we can fill him in on the details he's missing.
>>
No. 552458 ID: 7bbaae

...maybe you can get a hug.

[maybe we can get a hug?]
>>
No. 552459 ID: d2995c

>...so uh, what did we get out of this alliance anyway?
Not having to worry too much about actively trying to kill each other is convenient. It also might be relevant to the hypothetical win conditions.
>>
No. 552463 ID: ac4301

>>552459
Indeed. In many games, the winner is declared by there being no more hostiles forces. I don't think a alliance win(where we befriend everyone) is possible, but 2 other ally players could work.
>>
No. 552467 ID: 88960e

>>552459
Also, it's kind of nice to default to cooperation instead of violence. Generally we try to work with anyone we can. Why not a player.
>>
No. 552468 ID: 9ddf68

I like how it looks like Rose is pushing the princess on to you.

But yeah, if we could find out when Ilbir plans to have the golem rebuild itself that could be useful to watch. Other then that I think we should talk to the prince first about our possible ancestry if we can find him and get the book, then talk to Artemis, then watch him pull himself back together, and end the night by going through the book. Try to leave some time between each event as something will happen before we're done, that much is certain.
>>
No. 552469 ID: b3ca75
File 138732322348.png - (22.85KB , 900x450 , 82.png )
552469

>...maybe you can get a hug.
…let’s not push it, alright?
>...so uh, what did we get out of this alliance anyway?
>Not having to worry too much about actively trying to kill each other is convenient. It also might be relevant to the hypothetical win conditions.
And she did give us some information too. You can’t forget about that. Besides, I’m sure she’ll help us out more in the future. She is a… friend after all… *sigh*
>Blush and say you hope to see her as well...
Well… I can’t really blush but…
:JerichoRUSTED: I hope to see you again soon too.
:ElizahRUST: Then, until next time, my dear Jericho.
:JerichoRUSTED: Until next time, Elizah…

>Lets go find Eliraz and get him up to speed, then we've got some research to do.
:ElirazRUST: So I take it the meeting with my sister went well?
:JerichoRUSTED: It went splendid.
:ElirazRUST: …right, of course it did… anyway, I’ve got a bit of a theory I want to share with you… now that I have some proof. I think I know where we’ve gotten these powers from. My shadow powers, yours dual magic and my sisters considered powerful fire magic… can you see the connection?
:JerichoRUSTED: The voices?
:ElirazRUST: Indeed. In the ancient times, the gods created powerful avatars to lead the world in their stead… I believe that’s what’s happened now. The voices bestowed us with these powers to act as avatars for them. Of course, you have to wonder what powers the other voices have bestowed their kings.

>There's the Esiros thread to follow…
:ElirazRUST: Hmmm… well, yes, I’ve read his old journal… if you want to call it that. It’s more… well, I’ll let you read it yourself. Here…
:JerichoRUSTED: (…it looks just like the prophecy book I picked up... let’s see, first entry… “When the twin moons was as highest, the precursor opened the tome of future told, starting the journey that will make the sky fall in another generation.” …the whole book is full of these entries.)

>as well as learning more about the key stones…
:ElirazRUST: You should really talk with Ilbir about that… I know that the book mention that he found two of them, but it doesn’t mention what they are for. The only thing it says is that he gave one to the stone that will start the avalanche to come and one to the proof of existence, sculpted in the past… whatever that means…

>I also want to find out more about the ancient crypts under the city.
:ElirazRUST: You have to ask mother about that. All I know they are ruins from ancient times, with ancient warding still working to protect the deepest of the crypts… the royal crypts.

Insert More info dumping… please flush when you’re done_
>>
No. 552477 ID: 9ddf68

ask if he knows when Ilbir plans to reconstruct the golem. I still want to see how it does that but it would be nice if we could ask it a few question sooner rather then later. Plus we still need to talk to Ilbi about the stones so might as well kill a few birds with one stone.

After that assuming nothing goes wrong we could try and talk to the sultan and see if she would help us and we can also try a decipher that stupid journal, maybe even compare it to ours.
>>
No. 552479 ID: 5ce288

>...of course it did...
You really need to sort out with the siblings that you're not currently pursuing any relationships. Your last few relationships ended kind of tragically and you obviously need time to figure things out.

Like, obviously there's more important world saving things to do, but this could put you all in bad situation in the future if it came up while something serious was going on.
>>
No. 552480 ID: dbe554

Considering our erratic nature, a dual type nature of something that shouldn't be like fire and ice seemed pretty appropriate.
>>
No. 552484 ID: 293a2e

Hrrrm...
Facsinating. So I guess we're like a power boost to the innate abilities of those we link to. Good to know...I wonder what the effect on Thaark, Ilbir and Tera is...
Something that surprises me is how we're interchangable, almost? Like...Eliraz there can still do his shadow thing, despite the exchange in players guiding him, and the demotion from being a 'Prime' pawn, if that even happened...I wonder...Does this mean if we lost Jericho now we'd still hang around via Eliraz?
I don't wanna test that, but it's something to consider/ask Rose about.
>>
No. 552503 ID: 96b823

Jericho, I think it's time you showed Eliraz the book of prophecy you got. Tell him how you got it and how it operates. Then compare the handwriting between yours and Esiros' to see if they're the same.

Hmm... Eliraz's theory probably means Eliros got the power of golem crafting by being a pawn/avatar and not from a key stone or other source; We likely won't face more people than him wielding it. Though that leaves me wondering what the key stone did when shaman Durach saw it in use.

>"Proof of existence, sculpted in the past"
...That couldn't be Artemis, could it? A golem "sculpted in the past?" I think we need to go see Ilbir first to ask both him and Artemis about the key stones.

Oh! I just remembered you have that melted locket from your parents that supposedly has something for you from them. Can't believe we forgot about that with all this speculation about your parentage. Is there a trusted jeweler or fine metalsmith the royal family uses that could work on cracking it open and possibly ID what melted it as well?

>>552479
Yeah, you need to nip this in the bud sooner rather than later. We do not want bad feelings to build up and turn into a drama bomb that'll go off at the worst moment. So get your thoughts together and lay it out to Eliraz. Otherwise we we will, and as you know we have all the tact of falling brick.
>>
No. 552534 ID: 7bbaae

>>552469
The voices theory is a solid explanation for the other pawns' powers, but I really don't think we are the same as the other players. That said, perhaps the game gave you antipode powers for being our pawn, even though we're not really an AI. We can expect Blue to have given ice powers to his main pawn, I think, and that means all those blueprints that were "almost" stolen were relayed back via the player's other pawns.
>>
No. 552747 ID: b3ca75
File 138746456589.png - (22.94KB , 900x450 , 83.png )
552747

>Ask if he knows when Ilbir plans to reconstruct the golem.
:ElirazRUST: As soon as he’s done with the excavation, I guess… He’s probably going to be out in the ruins a few more days. Didn’t you say that the golem should talk without its body? Why don’t you just ask it now instead of waiting for Ilbir?
>We could try and talk to the sultan.
:ElirazRUST: She… a bit busy at the moment. She probably won’t have time to talk with a servant, but I can try talking to her myself, if you want.
>Is there a trusted jeweler or fine metalsmith the royal family uses that could work on cracking it open and possibly ID what melted your locket?
:ElirazRUST: Well, I do now this really good smith down at the higher bazaar… I’m sure he can help you… um… if you pay him, of course.

>Jericho, I think it's time you showed Eliraz the book of prophecy you got. Tell him how you got it and how it operates.
*Scribble*Scribble*
:ElirazRUST: …a book that can predict the future? That sounds really… wait… what was that sound? It came from the book?
:JerichoRUSTED: “Behold, as the knave of hearts questions the truth, just to be proven wrong by the very stone of the halls”
:ElirazRUST: …what does that even mean?
>Then compare the handwriting between yours and Esiros' to see if they're the same.
They are exactly the same.

>You really need to sort out with the siblings that you're not currently pursuing any relationships. Your last few relationships ended kind of tragically and you obviously need time to figure things out.
:JerichoRUSTED: …Eliraz… I… I need to talk to you about something. You see… I do like you but… um…
:ElirazRUST: Oh, I see…
:JerichoRUSTED: What? No! Let me finish! It’s both about you and your sister-
:ElirazRUST: I know, you like her more than you lik-
:JerichoRUSTED: SHUT UP AND LET ME FINISH!
:ElirazRUST:
:JerichoRUSTED: I’m not looking for relationship right now! Do you understand!? I like both of you but the last few times I tried romance it ended in disaster! I’m not ready, alright!
:ElirazRUST: Oh… I… I underst-
:JerichoRUSTED: No, you don’t! You don’t know how it is to have your whole life turned upside down! To have an old drinking buddy get skewered by a cryptic ghost in front of you! How it feels to see another one freeze to death! And then get weird voices that tell you that the fate of the whole world rest on your shoulders and if you screw up you… you… GAH! …I tried to be strong but… I… I… I’m sorry… I didn’t mean… I… I’m sorry Eliraz…
:ElirazRUST: …no, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to stress you out like that… you know what? How about I prepare a nice hot bath for you… bring you some nice wine and cheese… maybe put out a song bird for you to listen to and you can just sit down and relax while I take the voices and go talk to the Golem, Sultan and smith… how does that sound?

Insert Luckily, he can’t get constipated anymore_
>>
No. 552748 ID: 7bbaae

>>552747
That's a very good idea. We don't need you to do everything, Jericho. We have other people on our side. Relax, the weight of the world is not on your shoulders. It's on everyone's. Okay that doesn't sound reassuring but trust me, things will work out fine in the end, we're going to win this.
>>
No. 552749 ID: 9ddf68

Damn Eliraz, that's not a bad plan, we didn't really want to ask you directly since we figured you might be a bit gun shy after just your whole shadow deal but if you want to help we wont turn you down.

Oh and Jericho, it's more on our heads then yours if the world should take a turn for the worst, you should relax a bit you've earned it.
>>
No. 552750 ID: fd6ae9

Sorry Jericho. Sometimes we forget how hard this stuff can be on you guys. It's a lot easier looking down than living it, you know?
>>
No. 552751 ID: dbe554

Oooh you have song birds here that can sing on command? That's so cool.

But yeah, Jericho go ahead and rest. I guess we're more fond of you because you're our first host, but we can sometimes push our hosts a bit to hard because we believe they are able to withstand it all.

*Select Player: The Thief*
>>
No. 552754 ID: b3ca75
File 138747214167.png - (22.54KB , 900x450 , 84.png )
552754

>Relax.
:ElirazRUST: So… anything else you wish for?
:JerichoRUSTED: Mmmm~
:PeepRUST: *Twitter*
:ElirazRUST: I’ll take that as a no.

>*Select Player: The Thief*
Well then… then it’s just us. I you try to do anything I’ll… err… I have no idea what I’ll do but I’ll do something. *sigh* The things you do fo-
:ArtemisRUST: Artemis voices greetings inferior flesh bag filled with easily breakable bones to the fragile flesh bag!
:ElirazRUST: AAH!! BY SH’POR’S LEFT NIPPLE, WHERE DID YOU COME FROM!!?
:ArtemisRUST: Artemis used portal made of wood and stone to enter weak flesh bag’s chamber. Artemis seeks the bag of bones entity known as Jericho so Artemis can flay Jericho still functioning frame.
:ElirazRUST: W-what?
:ArtemisRUST: Artemis trick the slow witted carcass of meat and bone. Artemis laughs. Ha. Ha. Artemis seeks the disgusting bag of flesh known as Jericho to voice. Artemis wishes to voice about scared meat clad in metal. Artemis does not understand why meat clad in metal would be scared of Artemis and why meat clad in metal would poke Artemis with inferior meat bag sticks. Have the disposable flesh bag seen the Jericho?
:ElirazRUST: Err…

Insert Artemis wishes for a speaking classes for Christmas_
>>
No. 552756 ID: 7bbaae

>>552754
It made its own body and has simply been ignoring the guards' attempts to destroy it? The enemy's golem army is going to be a big problem.

Tell it that Jericho is relaxing in the bath right now, and you can handle whatever talking it needs to do.
>>
No. 552759 ID: fd6ae9

They're afraid of you because their meat sticks don't work on you. They fear what they can't control.

...can you just steal his body? Or his head off his body?
>>
No. 552760 ID: dbe554

Well we can't do anything to you anyways. I mean the furthest we've done is given Jericho a tiny shield to defend himself with.

Also apparently it wants to flay Jericho, can your shadow powers somehow disable it?
>>
No. 552761 ID: 5ce288

Don't worry, worst we can do to you is suggestion strange things. Like ask how you feel about polyamorous relationships or suggest you should hook up with your sister. More annoying than harmful, unlike your previous player.

Think there's anyway to get this golem to speak english? It's barely comprehensible.
>>
No. 552762 ID: b3ca75
File 138747779246.png - (22.50KB , 900x450 , 85.png )
552762

>Like ask how you feel about polyamorous relationships or suggest you should hook up with your sister.
Wha- but… w-what?
>...can you just steal his body? Or his head off his body?
His head seems to be firmly affixed to his body… and stealing his body wouldn’t really accomplish much. Having an angry golem in your pocket is hardly the most commendable situation.

>apparently it wants to flay Jericho.
:ElirazRUST: …why do you want to flay Jericho?
:ArtemisRUST: …Artemis told joke to fle-
:ElirazRUST: Please, call me Eliraz.
:ArtemisRUST: Artemis told joke to the inferior Eliraz. Artemis thinks Eliraz is senseless for believing Artemis. Artemis only wishes to voice with Jericho.

>Tell it that Jericho is relaxing in the bath right now, and you can handle whatever talking it needs to do.
:ArtemisRUST: Artemis tells Eliraz t voice why meat in-
:ElirazRUST: They are guards. Stop calling everyone meat and flesh.
:ArtemisRUST: Artemis tells Eliraz to voice why fragile guards are full of fear.
>They're afraid of you because their meat sticks don't work on you. They fear what they can't control.
:ElirazRUST: -and running around telling people that you’ll flay them doesn’t really help.
:ArtemisRUST: Artemis should stop joking?
:ElirazRUST: Yes… and stop insulting everyone. Being called inferior isn’t nice, you know.
:ArtemisRUST: Artemis only voicing truth. Artemis is superior in every way compared to Eliraz. Artemis is perfect.
:ElirazRUST: You aren’t superior in humility and manners, it seems.
:ArtemisRUST: …Eliraz is voicing lie. Artemis is superior. Eliraz is voicing lie, therefor Jericho not taking bath… therefor Jericho willing to voice with Artemis…
:ElirazRUST: You’re called Artemis and standing right in front of me.
:ArtemisRUST: …Therefor Artemis is not… Artemis? Not standing here? Artemis not Artemis not standing here not Artemis… therefor… therefor Artemis not… standing?
:ElirazRUST: …err… I think I broke him…
:ArtemisRUST: …Artemis is not superior? Why? Artemis wonders why isn’t Artemis superior to Eliraz? Eliraz made of weak material, Artemis is made of strong material. Why Artemis inferior?

Insert Superior inferior complex_
>>
No. 552765 ID: 5ce288

Don't worry about it, we'll solve those problems later.

Explain to Artemis that there is more than just physical power to account for when assessing when one or another thing is superior.
>>
No. 552766 ID: dbe554

Step back a bit, just to make sure you are not within 'superior' Golem grip distance.
>>
No. 552776 ID: 96b823

Give Artemis a show of your shadow magic by asking if it's superior, can it do this, then "shadow-port" over to the bookshelf through Artemis. Then pick a dictionary off the shelf, saying Artemis' grasp of language and grammar is inferior to yours, then hand it the book and ask it to compare the contents to its memories.

Now take a philosophical approach: Superiority and inferiority is situational, not absolute. That which is superior under one situation would be inferior in another, and vice versa. There is nothing that is absolutely superior to everything else, nor anything that's absolutely inferior to everything else.

Oh, and if golems are so superior to "flesh bags" why aren't the golems still around and the "squishy ones" long dead? Why are there so few golems still active, while the fleshy species continue on? That implies the golems had a fatal flaw; An "inferiority," if you will.

Where'd Artemis get the materials for a new body from? And what's that blue thing across its torso?
>>
No. 552777 ID: 7bbaae

>>552762
Tell him that not being superior doesn't mean he's inferior. His body is definitely stronger. However, there are things you can do that he cannot. For instance, you can more easily understand social things. Also, you can essentially turn invisible and steal things that should be impossible to steal.

If things go wrong, could you steal his energy core to deactivate him?
>>
No. 552781 ID: b3ca75
File 138748743935.png - (22.69KB , 900x450 , 86.png )
552781

>If things go wrong, could you steal his energy core to deactivate him?
If I knew where it was… and if it’s actually removable…
>Give Artemis a show of your shadow magic by asking if it's superior, can it do this, then "shadow-port" over to the bookshelf through Artemis. Then pick a dictionary off the shelf, saying Artemis' grasp of language and grammar is inferior to yours, then hand it the book and ask it to compare the contents to its memories.
Err… let’s at least try keep being “superior” at manners and humility, alright?

>Step back a bit, just to make sure you are not within 'superior' Golem grip distance.
:ElirazRUST: Can you please take a step back, my good sir?
:ArtemisRUST: Artemis wonder what he gains from fulfilling Eliraz request?
:ElirazRUST: Well, it would be a nice show of manners… and it would make me happier.
:ArtemisRUST: …happy? Happy… happy happy! Artemis confirms, Artemis takes a step back.
>Where'd Artemis get the materials for a new body from? And what's that blue thing across its torso?
:ArtemisRUST: Artemis fou-
:ElirazRUST: Can you please stop referring to yourself in third person, thank you.
:ArtemisRUST: …I found stone, I used stone. Blue thingy is blue thingy, blue thingy keeps body together to create I.

>Take a philosophical approach.
:ElirazRUST: Alright, nothing is always superior or always inferior thanks to those terms not having any true absolutes. Instead something can be better then something else for a certain situation. For example, you seem stronger than me, but I’m quite clearly more agile.
:ArtemisRUST: …I do not understand. How can steel be inferior to gold of example?
:ElirazRUST: Gold is a lot more beautiful, isn’t it?
:ArtemisRUST: Beautiful?
:ElirazRUST: Nice to look at.
:ArtemisRUST: …Eliraz is beautiful, correct?
:ElirazRUST: Err… sure?
:ArtemisRUST: I thank Eliraz for help?
:ElirazRUST: It was my pleasure, really.
:ArtemisRUST: Pleasure? Do you wish for me to pleasure you as thanks?
:ElirazRUST: Wha-
:ArtemisRUST: We can give you pleasure by helping Eliraz, correct? To Eliraz wish to be rewarded with the experience of helping me and get to share our wisdom? Please insert pleasure method.
:ElirazRUST: …you want me to ask questions?
:ArtemisRUST: If that is how Eliraz wishes to receive pleasure. We can also make Eliraz happy or make ourselves beautiful to Eliraz.
:ElirazRUST:

Insert Not what he meant… at all…_
>>
No. 552783 ID: 7bbaae

>>552781
He seems to be learning quickly. Anyway, we wanted to know how golems were made, and how we could fight off enemy golems. Do they have an "off" switch somewhere?
>>
No. 552784 ID: dbe554

Ask it about when it was created, it's creators, and generally what it can remember as far back as it can.

Also ask about Golem Creation, Golem Destruction.
>>
No. 552793 ID: 87e6c2

>>552781
...Explain that things can have multiple meanings, and in this case you meant that there was no need for thanks.

First, is that 'blue thingy' a keystone?
Second, did the stone he 'found' belong to anyone or anything important, such as a load-bearing column or bathroom wall?
Third, explain that if he tells whatever he needs to tell to tell to Jericho to you, you will tell Jericho what he said when you see him. He thinks overly-literally, so just explain yourself as plainly as you can.

Let Ilbir ask about Golem anatomy and function; he would be in a better position to understand and use any information Artemis gives than you are right now.
>>
No. 552794 ID: 96b823

Asking about golems seems to be the obvious place to start. What materials are required to make one, from one of Artemis' complexity or above on down to the very simplest. Whether only clay or stone can be used. How the type and quality of the clay and stone effect its attributes. What determines who the golem will take orders from. What they're exceptionally resistant from. What can effectively damage one.

One theory I have to destroy a golem would be to heat it to a high temperature, followed by rapidly cooling it from the outside in. I think that'll shatter a clay golem, though a stone one may stand up better depending on the type of stone used.

Ask how and when the key stone recovered from near the location Artemis was recovered from came to be there. Perhaps Esiros left it there, though if he did I don't know how.

"Make ourselves beautiful?" What? Play dress-up? Well, it does look like a nude lizard statue, so putting some clothes on it for modesty's sake is sensible. Eliraz, you got anything in your wardrobe you wouldn't mind being lost, damaged, or destroyed? Oh! You're a painter, right? You feel like painting a golem? It's just like painting a statue.

Also, referring to Artemis by its name is going to get tiresome, and using "it" gets confusing. Lets settle on a gender pronoun. What gender does Artemis look and sound most like? Can it change its appearance and voice? ...Is there an appearance and voice you'd prefer it take, Eliraz?
>>
No. 552805 ID: 9ddf68

so we basically got a blank slate here that's learning as he goes. Good to know, but yeah ask if he knows how golems are created and if there are different types of golems. If we're going to have to fight these damn things at some point might as well get learning now.
>>
No. 552866 ID: b3ca75
File 138755103459.png - (22.84KB , 900x450 , 87.png )
552866

>First, is that 'blue thingy' a keystone?
Doesn’t look like it. It seems just to be a magical crystal powering it’s body.

>Referring to Artemis by its name is going to get tiresome, and using "it" gets confusing. Let’s settle on a gender pronoun.
:ElirazRUST: Are you male or female?
:ArtemisRUST: I am neither. I am beyond gender.
:ElirazRUST: It would be a lot easier to refer to you with a gender.
:ArtemisRUST: Then what does Eliraz wishes for me to be? What is more beautiful to Eliraz, male or female?
:ElirazRUST: Err… you don’t need to choose depending what I would want. What do you want to be?
:ArtemisRUST: I want to pleasure Eliraz. If Eliraz happy I am happy. Eliraz is my… my… wife?
:ElirazRUST: …I think you mean friend?
:ArtemisRUST: …friend? Companion… friend… yes… Eliraz friend, I wish to make Eliraz happy trough pleasure. Are Eliraz male or female?
:ElirazRUST: …I would say male.
:ArtemisRUST: Then I am Female. Maximum pleasure can be achieved trough opposite genders.
:ElirazRUST: …please stop using the word pleasure like that…

>Did the stone he 'found' belong to anyone or anything important, such as a load-bearing column or bathroom wall?
:ArtemisRUST: I found stone in pile, I used stone in pile.
:ElirazRUST: Ah, you used some of the reserve bricks we have stockpiled... considering you probably woke up the storage that make sense.
>Make ourselves beautiful?
:ArtemisRUST: Gold is beautiful, yes? Also silver, gems, shiny. Clothes make you beautiful? I wish to be beautiful like Eliraz… please?
>putting some clothes on it for modesty's sake is sensible.
:ElirazRUST: There you go. Now you’re beautiful…
:ArtemisRUST: Eliraz think I’m beautiful? …does Eliraz like me?
:ElirazRUST: I have to admit, you are starting to grow on me.
:ArtemisRUST: Then I’m happy. Eliraz likes me.

>Ask it about when it was created, it's creators, and generally what it can remember as far back as it can.
:ArtemisRUST: Darkness… then Jericho found us.
:ElirazRUST: Darkness? Nothing more?
:ArtemisRUST: Eternal darkness.
>Golem Creation.
:ArtemisRUST: Clay and stone and life essence makes golem.
:ElirazRUST: Life essence?
:ArtemisRUST: I am life essence.
:ElirazRUST: How do you get a… life essence?
:ArtemisRUST: …I am… life essence?
:ElirazRUST: Right…
>Golem Destruction.
:ArtemisRUST: I am the only golem active in this nation. I am the only one this knowledge can hurt. Do you wish to hurt me? Doesn’t E-Eliraz l-like me?
:ElirazRUST: Wha- I still like you, but doesn’t the tribals have golems?
:ArtemisRUST: Those aren’t golems. They are cheats made of liquid stone. They will break like your bones. Kill them. Crush them. Destroy…

Insert KK’ND_
>>
No. 552870 ID: dbe554

She's kinda cute like that when she's happy.

I am surprised though that she can actually feel things, she felt sad and terror at the thought of being destroyed...Or well, even if you just don't like her anymore.

But now we know these golems aren't 'true' golems of the past, but a new sort fashioned through their magics. Though can you get her to Clarify on what she means by 'Liquid Stone?"

Also I think I know what Life Essence means, it might mean that a 'life' was taken to make them, or maybe sucked out from a few people and they stayed alive, who knows at this point.
>>
No. 552871 ID: fd6ae9

>liquid stone cheat golem will break
Oh, okay. Thank you.
>>
No. 552876 ID: 7bbaae

>>552866
Oh thank god they aren't unstoppable like Artemis. Ask... her? if she can fight, and/or if she knows if she can help activate more real golems. Ilbir wanted to study her...

Also jeez I can't believe this golem is hitting on you so much. I'm not sure that's entirely accidental. I guess you could broach the subject of if she is asexual or not. It would make sense if she was, and that'd probably be reassuring for you.
>>
No. 552885 ID: 5ce288

>Then I am Female. Maximum pleasure can be achieved trough opposite genders.
Why opposite genders?

>…I would say male.
Speaking of which, didn't you used to present as a girl when you were little? What's the story with that? Something the shadow made you do? Parental expectations, or just change your mind when puberty hit?
>>
No. 552886 ID: 9ddf68

I think she's taking a liking to you.

But does she mean ice when she said liquid stone? also ask her if she knows more about these knockoff golems.
>>
No. 552887 ID: b3ca75
File 138756236401.png - (22.85KB , 900x450 , 88.png )
552887

>Didn't you used to present as a girl when you were little? What's the story with that?
Err… let’s just say puberty was weird, alright?
>jeez I can't believe this golem is hitting on you so much.
I don’t know if it’s flirting or if it’s just innocent.

>Can you get her to Clarify on what she means by 'Liquid Stone?"
:ArtemisRUST: The liquid you drink turned into white stone.
:ElirazRUST: Ice?
:ArtemisRUST: Correct.
>Ask... her? if she can fight.
:ArtemisRUST: I will crush anyone who dares to hurt Eliraz! …and Jericho!

>ask if she knows if she can help activate more real golems.
:ArtemisRUST: Have you acquired a life essence?
:ElirazRUST: …no?
:ArtemisRUST: Can only make new golems with life essence.
>I guess you could broach the subject of if she is asexual or not.
:ElirazRUST: …what is your sexuality?
:ArtemisRUST: My sex is female.
:ElirazRUST: No, I mean… do you like boys or girls?
:ArtemisRUST: I like Eliraz.
:ElirazRUST: …do you even know what sex is? You know, having fun in bed?
:ArtemisRUST: …Eliraz means jumping on bed? That’s fun, correct? Or do Eliraz mean sleeping? I can’t sleep… I can’t dream… I do not know if fun or not.
:ElirazRUST: …Do you know what mating is?
:ArtemisRUST: It’s when biological creatures creates new biological creatures. I cannot do that.
:ElirazRUST: Love?
:ArtemisRUST: …?
:ElirazRUST: Why did you choose the opposite gender from what I have?
:ArtemisRUST: They have more fun together? That’s what my knowledge tells me.
:ElirazRUST: What kind of fun?
:ArtemisRUST: …I do not understand. Isn’t all fun the same fun? Fun is fun.

Insert Baby don’t hurt me_
>>
No. 552890 ID: fd6ae9

Innocent. Definitely innocent.

>Isn’t all fun the same fun? Fun is fun.
Well, yes, but there are many things that could be considered fun.
>>
No. 552891 ID: dbe554

..Ice golems sounds like a really, really bad idea in a Desert, not to mention against a nation whose natural casting magic is fire.

Can she read? It might be worthwhile to let her read books to study a bit in her downtime. It worked well with Jericho afterall.
>>
No. 552893 ID: 9ddf68

...maybe you should keep her away from your more... intimate books, unless it gives her ideas.

Also what skills does she have, we know she's strong, a quick study, and really tough. What else can she do though?
>>
No. 552898 ID: 7bbaae

You know I honestly have no idea if opposite genders have more nonsexual fun with eachother or not.

Anyway, I think we're nearly at the end of our questions for her. Shall we go to our next stop?
>>
No. 552899 ID: 7bbaae

>>552898
She could come with us if she wants, I suppose.
>>
No. 552904 ID: 96b823

No, all fun isn't the same fun; Once again it's situational, as well as personal. (A little chiding for using absolutes again may also be in order.) There's some things that are considered fun or pleasurable by nearly all, some by most, and some by only a few.

Ask if she would care to come with you while you do some errands. It'd be good for her to watch how people interact, especially with you there to clarify and explain. Leave a note for Jericho, then call out to the guards that you're alright and not to attack the golem as you leave. After all, they did seen an unstoppable golem did walk into your room awhile ago. They may have been marshaling forces to try and take it out.

I have a suspicion that the "life essence" is a soul, bound to the golem's core. Possibly not even a whole soul but wisps and scraps of faded souls "pressed" together. I think we should bring Artemis to Tera at some point to see if she can sense a soul within Artemis.

Also, just to check if we can speak directly to her: [Attempt connection to golem "Artemis"; On fail: Connect to pawn "The Thief."]
>>
No. 553094 ID: b3ca75
File 138773758102.png - (27.27KB , 900x450 , 89.png )
553094

>[Attempt connection to golem "Artemis"; On fail: Connect to pawn "The Thief."]
[You cannot connect to pawns you currently don’t own!]
>..Ice golems sounds like a really, really bad idea in a Desert, not to mention against a nation whose natural casting magic is fire.
I thought their ice magic would be quite a bit weaker than our fire magic at first too, but apparently the more powerful sorcerers can make ice so strong not even the hottest fire can melt it… unless then will it too.
>I have a suspicion that the "life essence" is a soul, bound to the golem's core.
Well then, let’s not dabble in that kind of magic, thank you very much.
>I think we should bring Artemis to Tera at some point to see if she can sense a soul within Artemis.
…unless it’s necromantic in nature she won’t be able to sense a thing.

>Call out to the guards that you're alright and not to attack the golem as you leave.
Hmm… that’s odd, actually. Why haven’t they charged in here yet?
:ElirazRUST: Guards? Why aren’t you still pursuing the golem?
:GuardRUST: Captain Xaldins orders, my prince, we are not to engage it least it turn hostile, my lord.
>No, all fun isn't the same fun; Once again it's situational, as well as personal.
:ElirazRUST: -and didn’t I already teach you not to use absolutes? Only savages deals in absolutes.
:ArtemisRUST: …isn’t that an absolute? …was that supposed to be joke or is Eliraz hypocritical?
:ElirazRUST: It’s a joke.
:ArtemisRUST: In that case. Ha. Ha.

>Ask her if she knows more about these knockoff golems.
:ArtemisRUST: They are made of… “Ice”… they are weak… they lack freedom… they are moving statues… nothing more. Never felt more than four. They keep changing. Only one stays the same.
>Can she read? It might be worthwhile to let her read books to study a bit in her downtime.
:ArtemisRUST: I’ll read everything you wishes me to read, beautiful Eliraz.
>...maybe you should keep her away from your more... intimate books, unless it gives her ideas.
W-what!? How d- I don’t have anything l-like that! I swear! On my honor!
>Ask if she would care to come with you while you do some errands.
:ArtemisRUST: If it means that I can spend more time with Eliraz. Eliraz nice to me. Not like old master… can’t remember old master… they were… mean? I believe?
:ElirazRUST: Well, Our first stop should be the smith, then.



:BjornRUST: Ah’ve repaired this bloody locket as best as ah could, Prince. It was sealed by some sod with fire magic… probably the bastard did it on accident, but ah’ve gotten it open. Ah can’t fix the bloody copper shell, though.
:ElirazRUST: Copper shell?
:BjornRUST: Ach, it’s a copper shell surrounding the magical core. Repairing it or removing it would be like dissecting a bloody frog, making the sod the unfunniest joke ever told by a bastard.
:ElirazRUST: Magical? What does it do?
:BjornRUST: Do ah look like a bloody wizard to ya?
:ElirazRUST: Hmm… well at least you got it open. Thank you smith for your assistance.
:BjornRUST: Ya gold is thanks enough, prince.

…Let’s open it then… hmmm, there are two pictures here… a male lizard and a female… I swear that I recognize the male one from somewhere… hmm…

Insert It’s my sisters birthday today… and it’s my uncles tomorrow… they really nailed the dates, didn’t they?_
>>
No. 553095 ID: fd6ae9

>hmmm, there are two pictures here… a male lizard and a female… I swear that I recognize the male one from somewhere…
Could we see?

>It's magical
Okay, who would you go to to get that examined, then?

>It’s my sisters birthday today
Did you get her anything, yet?
>>
No. 553103 ID: 7bbaae

>>553094
The father probably looks like Esiros, as Esiros is quite likely Jericho's grandfather. Not a clue who the mother could be.

Let's get this thing identified.
>>
No. 553114 ID: dbe554

Always good to have some proper identification. Also what's Artemis looking at over there?
>>
No. 553125 ID: 9ddf68

do you normally travel with so many guards or is it because the golem is following you around, also speaking of her, what's she looking at.

Also we found your stash of books in your room, the ones you hid behind your normal books on the bookshelf, have to say we're very surprised to see that we actually know about one of the books seeing as it was around back when necromancy was still young.
>>
No. 553128 ID: b3ca75
File 138774434712.png - (27.25KB , 900x450 , 90.png )
553128

>Let's get this thing identified.
The only one I trust with something like this would be Ilbir… but he’s still out in the desert. I can give it to the mage academy but who knows how many hands it will pass then… hmm… maybe my sister can… nah…
>what's Artemis looking at over there?
:ArtemisRUST: I do not understand, why is it made of organic? Isn’t steel harder, thus more suitable for weapon?
:BjornRUST: It’s cheaper and lighter. Steel is bloody heavy, ya sod.

>The father probably looks like Esiros, as Esiros is quite likely Jericho's grandfather.
Yes, you’re right; it looks just like that stat- wait, Jericho’s grandfather!? We’re related!? Wha- b-but.. I… I-I… this… you mean… that’s great! He’s of royal blood! Which means that the handsome knight actually is on the list of possible marriages an- *cough* um… getting a bit carried away, aren’t I?
>Not a clue who the mother could be.
Her clothes and facial structure is a bit… she looks like someone from the tribes…
>We found your stash of books in your room, the ones you hid behind your normal books on the bookshelf.
W-what!? T-those… err… those aren’t m-mine! Don’t tell Jeri- oh gods, you were in Jericho when you found them, weren’t you!? Oh gods… w-what… what do I s-say to him… h-he… he must think I’m some kind of p-pervert! Or worse! Oh gods, how am I ever supposed to show my face to him again!?
AAAAH!!!
:BjornRUST: Err… are ya alright, prince?

Insert Bloody perversions of a bastardly sod_
>>
No. 553135 ID: fd6ae9

>harder versus cheaper and lighter
Once again Artemis, there are multiple factors to be considered in how good something is. In the case of a weapon, yes, power / hardness is one criteria. But we also need to consider cost and availability of materials, and how much energy it will consume for someone to use / wield the weapon, and how quickly they can move it, etc.

>We’re related!?
Only conjecture at this point, although there's decent circumstantial evidence.

>what do I do about the books!
...nothing, I'd say. Just don't bring it up if you don't want to be embarrassed. Jer certainly wasn't acting any differently after noticing them.
>>
No. 553137 ID: 7bbaae

>>553128
Jericho didn't care. Calm down dude. Tell Artemis not to pick up any of the weapons so that the guards continue to consider her a non-threat.
>>
No. 553215 ID: 96b823

Eliraz, stop freaking out. Jericho barely reacted when he found your well-thumbed Guide to Undead Erotica. He even skimmed it; On our suggestion, but he still did so. If he does think worse of you for having a kink for the undead then he's hiding it so well even we can't detect it.

So, I take it that having a "thing" for the undead is frowned upon around here, or worse, correct? We thought we heard it wasn't, so were we wrong?

...Wait a second. Are you freaking out 'cause you think that after finding those books Jericho would think you're only attracted to him 'cause he's undead? Well he doesn't, and if he did he has us to tell him otherwise, so he definitely wouldn't.

Anyway, lets go see the sultan. Tell Bjorn you're alright, it's personal, and you have to leave. Make sure Artemis doesn't pick up any weapons so the guards don't get on edge.

>"He's of royal blood!"
Eh, as >>553135 said, it's based on circumstantial evidence. Finding enough good evidence to prove it to the relevant authorities to be recognized as a royal is a whole other matter. And wouldn't being half tribal sink his chances anyway, making this moot?
>>
No. 553217 ID: 9ddf68

ok 1, involving the books, he didn't really seem to react to it other then surprised that such a thing existed so no harm no foul.

2, We've kinda been looking into Jericho's ancestry ever since we found out he can us both ice and fire magic, we've made educated guesses and found some promising leads but don't really have any real evidence to either prove or disprove Jericho is related to Esiros.

and lastly 3, Artemis do you even know how to use a weapon?

Also what's next on our to do list, the sultan right?
>>
No. 553219 ID: 5ce288

>>553217
>Also what's next on our to do list, the sultan right?
Careful with your wording. I'm pretty sure the prince doesn't need the mental image. Especially considering his undead preferences.

Looking into Jericho's ancestry may be worthwhile. If you can prove he's royalty, you might be able to make him a free man.
>>
No. 553248 ID: b3ca75
File 138781673225.png - (24.79KB , 900x450 , 91.png )
553248

>Eliraz, stop freaking out. Jericho barely reacted when he found your well-thumbed Guide to Undead Erotica. He even skimmed it; On our suggestion, but he still did so. If he does think worse of you for having a kink for the undead then he's hiding it so well even we can't detect it.
I… yes… you’re right… I don’t gain anything by freaking out, now do I. I’m sure he’s… he’s very accepting, isn’t he?
>So, I take it that having a "thing" for the undead is frowned upon around here, or worse, correct? We thought we heard it wasn't, so were we wrong?
Well, it’s something people gossip about, but it isn’t really frowned upon… It’s not like you sleep with the dead… the dead dead. You know, the illegal kind of dead sleeping. Him being a servant is a lot worse than him being undead.

>Looking into Jericho's ancestry may be worthwhile. If you can prove he's royalty, you might be able to make him a free man.
…yeah, that too. Then he would be… yes… I think I can convince mother with the evidence you’ve found. At least, I can convince her enough to give him the test of royal blood.
>Wouldn't being half tribal sink his chances anyway, making this moot?
It’s only the royal blood that’s important. The blood with fire in it. The royal line has always been populated by the most powerful of mages.

>What's next on our to do list, the sultan right?
I think I can get some time with her…
>Careful with your wording. I'm pretty sure the prince doesn't need the mental image. Especially considering his undead preferences.
Well, I didn’t before you mentioned it. Thanks a lot.

:UnknownKAK: -gotten these numbers from? They barley survive out there.
:UnknownKAK: Ah, lad, this is nothing. You should have seen it in the old days. We killed tens of thousands of them, wiped out hundreds of tribes but they didn’t even slow them down. They just kept on coming.
:XaldinRUST: But what do about the horde, my lady? They are willing to parley with the smaller settlements that they pass, do you believe they’ll give demands to us too?
:SultanRUSTED: Send a message to every village they pass to ready whatever troops they can spare. If they try to do something we’ll have them surrounded. As for the horde… we’ll need to thin their numbers a bit.
:UnknownKAK: But what if they are just here to make demands?
:SultanRUSTED: We’ll make sure they cannot blame this on us. They’ll need to pass by the Deadhallow pass so that’s where we’ll lay our trap. Get me the best necromancers the temple have to offer…
:UnknownKAK: Heh, that pass is already filled with their dead from the past, what’s a few hundred more?
:SultanRUSTED: Then it is settled. This meeting is abjured… Eliraz? What are you doing here? Is everything alright? …wait, what is that thing behind you? What have Ilbir conjured up this time?

Insert Crafting a world of war_
>>
No. 553256 ID: fd6ae9

...I'd object that getting his blood tested might out him as an antipode, but sultan there already figured that out, didn't she.

>Wait, what is that thing behind you? What have Ilbir conjured up this time?
She's a golem. They found her head in the ruins, and has since repaired herself. Artemis, mother, mother, Artemis.

Also, please tell me that's a harmless spider in the window and not, say, a giant bolder about to crash into distant buildings.
>>
No. 553261 ID: dbe554

Tell Artemis to keep her tone Civil, insulting a sultan pretty much has to be one of the worst things one can do here.

Tell her what you've learned about Jericho though.
>>
No. 553265 ID: 9ddf68

actually Jericho found her out in some ruins that Ilbir went to explore, her name is Artemis and identifies herself as a girl... anyways is this a bad time?

Also what's that thing in the window? a spider?
>>
No. 553277 ID: b3ca75
File 138782824673.png - (23.89KB , 900x450 , 92.png )
553277

>...I'd object that getting his blood tested might out him as an antipode, but sultan there already figured that out, didn't she.
She already has!? And she didn’t… but… I… why didn’t she…
>is this a bad time?
:SultanRUSTED: This is an excellent time. I just got some time over after the war meeting. Now, what is on your mind, my dear little gecko? You’ve evaded me like the plague the last week, so why the change of heart?
:ElirazRUST: Well… um… remember those priest that told you I was possessed by an evil Daemon?
:SultanRUSTED: …don’t tell me you’ve started to believe their-
:ElirazRUST: They were right… kind off… but the good news is I’m free now. Jericho saved me… he… he fought the thing that was in my mind and… he… he purified me…
:SultanRUSTED: …Teal and gray?
:ElirazRUST: …wait, how did yo- wha-
:SultanRUSTED: And here I tough I was the only one. Hmm… this is good news, isn’t it? …and that does explain your… fascination with Jericho, doesn’t it?
:ElirazRUST: …how come everyone knows I fancy him!?
:SultanRUSTED: You aren’t were subtle, little gecko.

>Artemis, mother, mother, Artemis.
:ArtemisRUST: You’re dead? How can you build Eliraz if you’re dead?
:SultanRUSTED: I wasn’t always dead… and a functioning golem? Ilbir really found something interesting this time, didn’t he?
>Please tell me that's a harmless spider in the window and not, say, a giant bolder about to crash into distant buildings.
Oh gods! That’s horrible! The Horror! What is a spider of that size doing in the palace!?
:ArtemisRUST: Is that a baby spider?
:ElirazRUST: I’m pretty sure it’s full grown, Artemis.
:ArtemisRUST: …does it really require four armed soldiers to kill one?
:ElirazRUST: …Either the spiders from your time was huge, or you’re mistaking spiders for something else.

>Tell her what you've learned about Jericho.
:SultanRUSTED: You really have the least magical capacity of the family, don’t you?
:ElirazRUST: …what does tha-
:SultanRUSTED: His blood… can’t you feel it? The fire… its pulses within him. He has the blood of our lineage. And… something else… something colder… cold like the wastes of the desert…
:ElirazRUST: So…
:SultanRUSTED: …I’ll start preparing the rite of dragon fire. It will be done in a few hours. Oh, and I hope we’re right about this… for your sake… I’m sorry, but I won’t allow one of my geckos to… start a relationship with a servant… Now, was it anything else?

Insert Dammit, stop being a reasonable authority figure! You’re ruining everything!_
>>
No. 553281 ID: 9ddf68

alright so she knows about us, what color does she have then?

And this rite of dragon fire, this is one of those "if he's from our blood he'll be fine but if he isn't then he'll die" isn't. If so you should probably ask Jericho first as I pretty sure he doesn't really care much for gaining the title of nobility or whatever this thing does. Especially if it put's his life on the line.

Oh and sultan, most time when you tell your kids not to do something they usually do it out of spite or some reason or another. Just an FYI
>>
No. 553282 ID: 88960e

>And here I [thought] I was the only one
Wait, what color is she, then?
>>
No. 553284 ID: 96b823

Heh. I figured your mom as a sharp one, Eliraz. Razor sharp. I wonder what her hidden agenda is in all this.

First, the obvious question: How'd she find out our color and Shadow's? I'm guessing she has her own player, so which color is hers? And is it a recent addition or one she's had her whole life?

Ask her what was the message she got from Dur'Ankh. Elizah mentioned to Jericho that one had arrived right before she left for the courtyard. Was it demands from warlord Mor'Kay?

Lastly, show her Jericho's locket and tell her there's an unidentified magical core in it we need identified. We'd prefer to have Ilbir do it, but he's not going to be back for days. Does she know anybody in the Mage Academy or elsewhere in the city we could trust to ID it without blabbing?

Then I guess we'll be off to tell Jericho about him possibly having royal blood, the Rite of Dragon Fire and to return his locket. This rite isn't going to be dangerous for him, right? I assume so, since your mom implied Jericho would still be around afterwards even if he failed it.

Hey, what's your mom's magic specialty? Is she another fire mage like Elizah or did she get something different like you did?
>>
No. 553296 ID: dbe554

Mention that your sister is pink, if she does not know already.
>>
No. 553298 ID: b3ca75
File 138783372264.png - (23.60KB , 900x450 , 93.png )
553298

>Hey, what's your mom's magic specialty? Is she another fire mage like Elizah or did she get something different like you did?
She’s a very powerful fire mage… fire magic runs strong in our blood, after all. I’m the black sheep so to speak…
>this rite of dragon fire, this is one of those "if he's from our blood he'll be fine but if he isn't then he'll die" isn't it?
Of course not. It’s… well, a test of essence, really… or how you’ll put it.

>How'd she find out our color and Shadow's?
:SultanRUSTED: You weren’t the only one who receives these weird messages.
>I'm guessing she has her own player, so which color is hers? And is it a recent addition or one she's had her whole life?
:SultanRUSTED: I am… I was red.
:ElirazRUST: Was?
:SultanRUSTED: He tried to take over… and I fought back and won. I… I’m sorry… I didn’t realize… I… I didn’t want to see that the same thing was happening to you, my sweet gecko… I should have been there for you… but…
:ElirazRUST: You’ve always been here for me, mother… I’m sorry I didn’t ask for help.
>I wonder what her hidden agenda is in all this.
:SultanRUSTED: The only agenda I have is for my people… and my family…
>Mention that your sister is pink, if she does not know already.
:SultanRUSTED: Really? I need to have a talk with her, then.

>Ask her what was the message she got from Dur'Ankh.
:SultanRUSTED: The warlord requested food, water and weapon from them… and from every city between Dur’ankh to here or they’ll all burn. I still don’t know why, but they seem hell bent on getting to the capital.
>Show her Jericho's locket and tell her there's an unidentified magical core in it we need identified.
:SultanRUSTED: Hmm… I can give it to Reizn. I should be able to identify it. He’s going to be at the rite, so I’ll give it back to you then.
>Oh and sultan, most time when you tell your kids not to do something they usually do it out of spite or some reason or another. Just an FYI.
:SultanRUSTED: If they are teenagers, yes, but I expect better from and adult like my little gecko here.
:ElirazRUST: Of course, mother.
:SultanRUSTED: Remember, little gecko, if you ever need anything, I’m here for you.

>I guess we'll be off to Jericho.
:ElirazRUST: Jericho? I need… wait, did you read all those books while I was away!? I’ve barely been gone two hours!
:JerichoRUSTED: Of course not. I’ve put some of them back on the shelf when I was done with them… and I went out on the market for some fresh air.
:ElirazRUST: …and bought some flowers? …these… I… how did you?
:JerichoRUSTED: Half of your paintings have those kind of flowers in them… and I can understand why, they really smell lovely, don’t they?

[You can now control the pebble and the thief!]

Insert Christmas in 1 hour, 40 minutes… at least were I live_
>>
No. 553299 ID: 9ddf68

why'd we tell her about Pink? thought we had a truce of sorts there, oh well.

Hey Jericho you should mention how nice Artemis looks now as she seems to be going through a phase right now, oh and she want's to be seen as a girl for reasons. So did you learn anything new while we were gone, how was your bath, we kinda signed you up for something called the rite of dragon fire to see if you're of royal blood, did you enjoy your walk?
>>
No. 553307 ID: dbe554

How do you kill a Player on your own? That's pretty incredible.
>>
No. 553311 ID: 5ce288

Initiate swooning.
>>
No. 553314 ID: b3ca75
File 138784303235.png - (23.30KB , 900x450 , 94.png )
553314

>Why'd we tell her about Pink? thought we had a truce of sorts there, oh well.
:ElirazRUST: (Because I trust my mother enough to know that my sisters secret is in good hands.)
>How do you kill a Player on your own? That's pretty incredible.
:ElirazRUST: (Oh shoot, I should have asked that!)

>Hey Jericho you should mention how nice Artemis looks now as she seems to be going through a phase right now, oh and she want's to be seen as a girl for reasons.
:JerichoRUSTED: Oh, hey, nice body Artemis. Looks really sturdy.
:ArtemisRUST: Why, I thank Jericho, your body looks sturdy as well!
>So did you learn anything new while we were gone
:JerichoRUSTED: oh, lots! Hmm… hard to summarize it though…
:ArtemisRUST: What did you learn from this book? “How to spice up the bedro-“
:JerichoRUSTED: THAT ONE!? Oh I just… err… took a quick peek in that… um… give me that…

>how was your bath
:JerichoRUSTED: It was marvelous! Just divine! It was li-
>we kinda signed you up for something called the rite of dragon fire to see if you're of royal blood.
:JerichoRUSTED: …what?
:ElirazRUST: Mother will be ready with the rite in a few hours… don’t worry, it’s nothing dangerous.
:JerichoRUSTED: …wait, so does that mean… I’m part Serath?
:ElirazRUST: Apparently, yes… and you’re probably a free man again in a few hours. I said I shouldn’t give you freedom but… here it is.
:JerichoRUSTED: …thank you, Eliraz.

>Initiate swooning.
:JerichoRUSTED: …wait, do they me you or me?
:ElirazRUST: Well… you bought the flowers…
:JerichoRUSTED: But you just gave me freedom…
:ElirazRUST: And you saved my life…
:JerichoRUSTED: You’re an intelligent and highly soficiated prince…
:ElirazRUST: And you’re an extremely brave and strong minded knight…
:JerichoRUSTED:
:ElirazRUST:
:ArtemisRUST: Oh, are you going to make another lizard now!? Can I watch!?
:ElirazRUST: …dammit, Artemis.

Insert Artemis, number one moment ruiner!_
>>
No. 553316 ID: 9ddf68

Artemis you can join if you want... what she's the only one that's aloud to ruin the moment? the hell with that.

But yeah what exactly is this rite anyways?
>>
No. 553317 ID: dbe554

Actually this reminds me now, since your half and half, could you actually have children?

Also you might want to explain to her that sex isn't always the followup to a happy moment... And I'm curious if she knows between sex (the physical body), or if she knows your not full male.

And of course, doubleswoon.
>>
No. 553325 ID: 5ce288

Artemis. In order to observe mating rituals, you need to ask about a day in advance. If you interrupt, like now, you can 'spoil the moment' which prevents creation of offspring.

Also Jericho is dead. I don't think he can make other lizards.
>>
No. 553341 ID: b3ca75
File 138784792547.png - (23.30KB , 900x450 , 95.png )
553341

>Doubleswoon.
:ElirazRUST: …no… the moment is dead…
:JerichoRUSTED: Completely dead.
>Since your half and half, could you actually have children?
:ElirazRUST: (Um… I’m more man then female and… err… I’m sterile. Besides… my… um… women parts are a bit… they aren’t really top notch… under developed… I can’t really… well, I can but it’s a bit… err… awkward…)
>>But yeah what exactly is this rite anyways?
:ElirazRUST: Well… you take a piece of someone’s… well, essence, I guess. You know, the thing in the blood… the thing that gives you magic. Usually it’s a few drops of blood, but for you it’s probably going to be a piece of your core. Don’t worry; it isn’t anything more dangerous than taking a blood sample. Then we take the blood and put it in an enchanted bowl which will, if you have strong enough connection to us, light itself on fire.

>Artemis. In order to observe mating rituals, you need to ask about a day in advance.
:ArtemisRUST: Then can I watch the next time you try?
:ElirazRUST: No… no, you cannot. This is supposed to be private.
:ArtemisRUST: …aw, I wanted to see lizard mating dance…
>you might want to explain to her that sex isn't always the follow-up to a happy moment...
:ArtemisRUST: …how can male or female foll-
:ElirazRUST: Mating, I mean mating.
:ArtemisRUST: Oh… alright then… so… what now?
:JerichoRUSTED: That’s… a very good question…
:ElirazRUST: I for one was looking forward to show how dexterous my tongue is to my knight…
:ArtemisRUST: What did you say?
:ElirazRUST: Nothing!
:ArtemisRUST: Didn’t you say sister? Can I meet everyone? I like meeting new ones! Oh, I thought I saw some fun things on our way here from Eliraz mother and… I feel weaker? Why do I feel weak? I’m malfunctioning? What’s going on? Where is my energy!? Eliraz, help me! They tell me to charge someone again but I don’t know who they are and what to charge and I feel weak and Jericho help and Eliraz help!

Insert Batteries not included_
>>
No. 553344 ID: 5ce288

I think the golem facade might be wearing off? In which case, Artemis might need some copious amount of electricity.
>>
No. 553347 ID: 76b151

Pure magic might work instead. Try channeling energy into her.
>>
No. 553348 ID: 87e6c2

It's been sitting in a crypt for god knows how long and NOW decides to run out of power?!?

Jericho, try some magic stuff. Eliraz, try to find that amulet. It's the only macguffin-type/non-elemental magic I think we can get our hands on right now.
>>
No. 553349 ID: 9ddf68

all else fails try on of those stones or tears we've been collecting.
>>
No. 553350 ID: 96b823

Dammit. Okay, she reactivated before, back at the dig, so she must have gotten power from somewhere. We just have to figure out from where and what. Um. My best guess it involves Jericho, somehow. Perhaps near-direct contact with a large concentration of magic? Or applying magic directly?

I don't want to risk applying magic directly to her head, since that may break her. Eliraz, pull up Artemis shirt. Jericho, put both hands on her torso. If that doesn't do anything apply a bit of fire magic. Just enough to warm up the stone a little.

I really, really hope Artemis doesn't run on "life essence," AKA souls. That's a path I'm pretty sure none of us wants to go down.

>>553344
If that's the case then we don't know where her power cell or charge socket is, and applying copious amounts of electricity to the wrong spot would be like applying mains power directly to a microprocessor.
>>
No. 553365 ID: 9b57d3

>>553341
She reactivated when Jericho got near. So maybe Jericho should give her a poke.
>>
No. 553387 ID: acb7da

Maybe she just needs to rest.
>>
No. 553398 ID: fd6ae9

>They tell me to charge
Could you repeat exactly what 'they' are saying to you?

It seems as if whatever motive energy powers you has run low. We'll need to find a way to recharge it.
>>
No. 553436 ID: b3ca75
File 138788630029.png - (23.33KB , 900x450 , 96.png )
553436

>Artemis might need some copious amount of electricity.
:ElirazRUST: Ele what now?
>It's been sitting in a crypt for god knows how long and NOW decides to run out of power?!?
:JerichoRUSTED: Being an immobile head doesn’t really drain a lot of energy, I’m guessing.

>Could you repeat exactly what 'they' are saying to you?
:ArtemisRUST: “Warning: low power, please use magical energy to recharge unit.”
>She reactivated when Jericho got near. So maybe Jericho should give her a poke.
:ArtemisRUST: …that’s better… now they are saying that I’ll be done in three hours.
:ElirazRUST: Wait, let me get my magical battery, if you can channel magic into her it should be able to do it too.
:JerichoRUSTED: …you have a what now?
:ElirazRUST: Not everyone have magical powers themselves to recharge their gear, alright? …and no, the shadow powers don’t count… they aren’t really “magic” as we know it.
>Maybe she just needs to rest.
:ArtemisRUST: …they want me to go inert for three hours… to regain power… I’m… I’m scared Eliraz…
:ElirazRUST: Don’t worry, Artemis, everything will be fine.
:ArtemisRUST: …will I… d… dream? …
:ElirazRUST: …Artemis? Hello?
:ArtemisRUST: ZzZzZz…
:JerichoRUSTED: So, he’s going to sleep for a few hours, eh?
:ElirazRUST: Well then… where were we? I believe I was about to kiss you.
:JerichoRUSTED: I believe you’re remembering it wrong.
:ElirazRUST: Oh? Really? How did you rememb-
>>
No. 553438 ID: b3ca75
File 138788642091.png - (23.12KB , 900x450 , 97B.png )