[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 514046)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 39865 unique user posts. View catalog

File 137018335335.png - (7.27KB , 600x400 , dungeoneer.png )
514046 No. 514046 ID: 256d52

How long have I slept?

I feel weak and weary and broken.

The stone is dark and empty and lifeless around me.
Expand all images
>>
No. 514048 ID: 256d52
File 137018340901.png - (5.85KB , 600x400 , youre_the_orb_its_you.png )
514048

Ah, I can feel it. Yes. The gold.

Even this meagre collection can conduct the earth pulse and restore a tiny trickle of mana to me.

But it is hardly enough. Everything but my Heart is... numb. I need more, I need to build a hoard and restore myself.

And for that I need servants and to restart the Labyrinth Game.
>>
No. 514049 ID: 05febe

Better hoard some servants, br00.
>>
No. 514051 ID: a14262

okay. how do you do that?
>>
No. 514052 ID: 095c28

>>514048
your eye thing is leaking, is it supposed to do that?
>>
No. 514060 ID: 256d52
File 137018742838.png - (8.17KB , 600x400 , its_not_supposed_to_do_that.png )
514060

>>514051
I'm a Lvl 1 Earth Dungeon, if barely.

Since my Heart isn't mounted properly, my ability to affect my surroundings is greatly reduced.

Out of my elemental powers, I can only access my ability to shape stone, which is limited due to my poor area of influence, and basic golemetry. I can create simple golems with that. Perhaps one moderately powerful one, or a handful of weaker ones.

Since we're deep underground, any resting gold will spontaneously generate monsters from the surplus power of the earth-pulse. I will be able to bind some weak monsters to me, but a tiny pile of gold like this won't be very effective at generating them. If I can find an intelligent creature, I may be able to get them to agree to a binding too. There's some benefits to them for it: I will be able to resurrect them once I can make a respawning pool.

If I can lure wandering monsters here, I might be able to try binding them. Failing that, I could use servants to sacrifice them to me for mana.

>>514052
What? Wait... no! NO!

I'm broken and bleeding power! Aaaaaaaah! AAAAAAAAAH!
>>
No. 514062 ID: cc2e78

can you rotate so it is not leaking out anymore.
>>
No. 514063 ID: 19b3c3

Um, can you use your earth-shaping to push the broken shard back in place and plug the leak? Maybe form a band of stone around yourself to hold it in place?

Actually, if you can make golems, you could shape yourself a whole walker frame out of stone. Give yourself some mobility.
>>
No. 514071 ID: f2c20c

>>514060
Time for a rock bandaid, methinks.

Try to call out to a weak nearby monster so we can get a servant pronto.
>>
No. 514074 ID: bf54a8

try to use the earth to push that piece back in.
>>
No. 514076 ID: 1cf691

Create a simple golem and have it carry you around and stop you from bleeding out.

And can you give it a cute face :3
>>
No. 514077 ID: 47a120

Calm down, now is the time for action not panic.

summon some golems and have them plug up your leak. there seems to be a shard of you that would fit right in the hole.

Then have them mount it properly to improve your power to affect the surrounding
>>
No. 514079 ID: 9ddf68

make yourself that some weak golems to try and patch you up and maybe make a stone band around your eye? core? heart? whatever to keep the loose piece in place.
>>
No. 514080 ID: 8247d0

Why don't you roll over to your missing bit and see if you can pop it back it.
>>
No. 514085 ID: b0de3e

Also you should make a non porous indent in the ground to collect your liquid power so you can put it back in.
>>
No. 514091 ID: a14262

okay, make a golem and have it mount and repair your heart to the best of its ability.
>>
No. 514176 ID: f29aa1

>>514060
Make a depression around yourself, so the fluid flows back into you.
>>
No. 514235 ID: 256d52
File 137026731836.png - (16.22KB , 600x400 , oh_yeaaaaah.png )
514235

>>514062
I'm hurt and I'm bleeding mana! Just tilting myself won't stop it!

>>514085
Look, the leaked mana isn't exactly in a form I can process right now. I can probably come up with something to use it for later, but at the moment it's just wasted energy. This precious little and I can't hold on to even half of it!

>>514077
Aaaaaaah! AAAAH! Aaaah... ahem...

Alright, I'm calmer now. Let's think this through.

Trying to insert and bond my broken shard back with my Heart is a good idea. I'll make a simple golem to try it.

Uh, hmmm. I'm a little out of practice at this.

Now just to place the shard.
>>
No. 514236 ID: 256d52
File 137026736688.png - (15.71KB , 600x400 , oh_noooooo.png )
514236

AAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaIEEE!

*KABOOM*
>>
No. 514237 ID: 256d52
File 137026741331.png - (11.09KB , 600x400 , aftermath.png )
514237

Why did I just explode?! Whhhhhy?

I... I don't know what just happened.

I hurt...

OK, stay calm. This isn't the end of the world. Maybe. Hmm, wait... I can still feel my shard. So what if I...
>>
No. 514238 ID: 76b151

Dungeon Keeper quest. aw yes. I hope it doesn't peter out.
>>
No. 514239 ID: 256d52
File 137026758363.png - (18.32KB , 600x400 , behold_my_true_form.png )
514239

>>514076
CREATE A GOLEM EMPOWERED WITH MY SHARD!

Yes! YES! Hands! Eyes!

>>514063
I should just mention now that I need to remain stationary to gather mana with any effectiveness. If I had a proper treasury to magnify the gold's conduction of the earth-pulse, my regeneration and storage capacity would be a lot higher too, but beggars can't be chosers. This site is hardly ideal, for any number of reasons.

Now, I have a decent golem to use. With this I can-
>>
No. 514240 ID: 256d52
File 137026761689.png - (7.79KB , 600x400 , probably_not_a_mating_call.png )
514240

A CAVE QUASIDRAGON DRAWS NEAR!

Well, that does explain the random pile of items. I'm in its nest.

Shall I assault, accost or abscond?
>>
No. 514241 ID: 76b151

accost!

Wait what does accost mean in this context? I mean that thing doesn't exactly look the type for debate, no matter how aggressive.
>>
No. 514242 ID: 256d52
File 137026880288.png - (19.19KB , 300x300 , advice1.png )
514242

>>514241
It means using rhetoric and/or dungeon magic to try and make it join my side, silly!
>>
No. 514243 ID: 76b151

Well we do need more minions. So Accost.
>>
No. 514252 ID: 4f8952

...seduce it.
>>
No. 514253 ID: bf54a8

accost. be ready to flee if it's nuts.
>>
No. 514257 ID: f2c20c

Accost! We want a minion. Tell it you will give it a better nest if it serves you.
>>
No. 514258 ID: 19b3c3

Accost, I guess.

Have you golem-avatar rotate your main orb-body so the hole is upright first, though. That will prevent further precious mana-fluids from seeping out.
>>
No. 514260 ID: 76b151

>>514258
already been stated that doesn't work
>>
No. 514277 ID: 9ddf68

seeing how we a low on manpower accost
>>
No. 514280 ID: 01531c

>>514257
Nah, just punch it in the nose for superiority.
>>
No. 514293 ID: 19b3c3

>>514260
Not really.

We know trying to replace the shard resulted in an explosion, and that the core needs to be stationary to gather mana.

We don't know that contact with the core by materials other than the core shard would result in an explosion, or that rotation of the core would. We don't know if rotation in place counts as staying stationary or not (after all, the core would be occupying the same physical location, merely in a different state). And even if such rotation would require a temporary interruption in mana collection, I would think it well worth it to limit mana leakage.
>>
No. 514294 ID: 76b151

>>514235
Read it right here. Tilting the heart will not stop it from bleeding.
>>
No. 514297 ID: c23ab0

Accost it. Sexually.
>>
No. 514653 ID: 256d52
File 137044618560.png - (14.24KB , 600x400 , plan_b_is_sword.png )
514653

The quasidragon really doesn't like me being in it's nest, but is cautious enough to not attack right away.

>>514243
Even fractionally draconic monsters like this are pretty strong willed. It's too much to outright dominate so I'll have to try to win it over with my magnificent charm. Let me think, what do monsters want?

>>514252
What? Ugh, no. Not that sort of charm. This body is made out of clay and stone, and that's an animal. How would that even work?
>>
No. 514654 ID: 256d52
File 137044626524.png - (10.77KB , 600x400 , diplomacy_level_expert.png )
514654

>>514257
Let's try this!

"You, become my servant! Obey me faithfully and I shall grant you a new nest of unparalleled majesty and there'll be cake and ice-cream every second day!"

The quasidragon seems confused. I have been asleep a long time, maybe I'm still not thinking straight. I need to give it a little more encouragement.

Do I want to try a new tack to convince it to be bound or I can just try killing it until it is dead for mana?
>>
No. 514657 ID: 196d1b

Give it a hug! All monsters want is love and affection!
>>
No. 514660 ID: 19b3c3

>killing it until it is dead for mana?
Well, the problem is your mana capacity is pretty limited with that hole in your side. Any new mana will have to be spent almost immediately or lost. An ally of some sort would be more valuable at this point.

...scratch it on the chin! Pet its head! Befriend the big scary monster with physical attention, they like that.
>>
No. 514665 ID: f2c20c

>>514654
Gold. Just promise it gold. Its nest is your nest, so its gold is your gold. Wait, can you even speak its language?

If not I guess we gotta kill it.
>>
No. 514668 ID: 70ab66

>How would that even work?

only one way to find out.
>>
No. 514669 ID: af8414

Say you will add to its gold pile roooar
>>
No. 514671 ID: 01531c

>>514653
>How would that even work?
You'd be doing all the work while it gets all the fun.
>>
No. 514676 ID: 9ddf68

say if it works for you, you will add to it's hoard until all the riches in the land are here under it's domain.
>>
No. 514677 ID: 735f4f

We need the gold in a giant pile it likes the gold in a giant pile. If it works for us we all get a bigger gold pile.
>>
No. 514699 ID: 35edd4

>>514671
A good trade for you, since you'll be having it risking its life and probably repeatedly dying for you. Just make a body that resembles its species and is of the opposite gender. Or the same, if it prefers.
>>
No. 514707 ID: 70ab66

hey, maybe it only speaks draconic. talk to it in draconic.
>>
No. 514708 ID: 76b151

Ya I seriously doubt seducing it will work. Most reptiles work off pheromes... and you don't really look like you'll produce anything but dust.
>>
No. 514722 ID: a316bb

It is a quasi-DRAGON.
It collected the gold that now powers us.
Offer it more gold! (in the future, once we get repaired)
>>
No. 514727 ID: bf54a8

yes explain it. "i will help you gather gold, i rest near gold and grow stronger, so you having more gold is good for both of us."
>>
No. 514755 ID: 7e8516

Wait wait wait, can the dragon even understand your words?
>>
No. 514766 ID: 76b151

>>514755
I hope so otherwise Accost was an extremely stupid choice.... though I hope Heart-Chan wouldn't give us an option that was stupid.
>>
No. 514790 ID: bef9c6

Well you're not edible so maybe if you lie down and look harmless it might not attack. Then you can slowly approach and become its friend by scratching its belly.
>>
No. 515204 ID: 256d52
File 137067805063.png - (12.74KB , 600x400 , that_works_too_i_guess.png )
515204

>>514671
>You'd be doing all the work while it gets all the fun.
That is very close to the opposite of an ideal arrangement.

>Well, the problem is your mana capacity is pretty limited with that hole in your side. Any new mana will have to be spent almost immediately or lost.
Yes, that is more or less the idea. I'd be able to get at least one good spell off. The loss is going to get worse the more mana I have, but I wouldn't be conscious at all if I wasn't able to hold onto some.

>Wait wait wait, can the dragon even understand your words?
Of course it can. I am amazing.

>Say if it works for you, you will add to it's hoard until all the riches in the land are here under it's domain.
Its domain? No, my domain. Mine!

Most creatures that instinctively hoard gold get some benefit from the mana supply and it can't really serve two masters at once. I might give some of my hoard to my servants to keep them happy, but the vast majority of it has to be mine and mine alone.

Since I have a far superior affinity for it and the quasidragon wasn't here, I was able to take ownership of the gold even while unconscious. Not that a quasidragon would be able to get anywhere near the benefit from it a true dragon would anyway.

>We need the gold in a giant pile it likes the gold in a giant pile. If it works for us we all get a bigger gold pile.
Still, I can afford to share.

>...scratch it on the chin! Pet its head! Befriend the big scary monster with physical attention, they like that.
Hmmm...

"Serve me and there'll be goooooold and chin scratches every day!"

CAVE QUASIDRAGON HAS BEEN RECRUITED!

After all, there's not much of a future in being a Lvl 1 wandering monster.
>>
No. 515205 ID: 256d52
File 137067817973.png - (10.56KB , 600x400 , decision_time.png )
515205

Alright, I can do this. I can bind up to one more minion and create up to two medium strength golems or six weak ones. I can set up here, but this is a poor site for a dungeon, especially since I have no real idea where I am. On the other hand, there might be stronger monsters already established in places with a stronger earth-pulse and more access to natural resources.

As I see it, I have three options:

1) I can stay and concentrate on working with what little I have. It'll be slow but safe unless something powerful discovers me.

2) I can split my resources, leaving my heart here with the quasidragon to guard it. I'll be able to explore my area but this plan will leave me the most vulnerable.

3) Lastly, I can take everything I have in the hope of finding a better site to set up elsewhere. I will have extremely limited mana regeneration, but a much stronger mobile force.

Which one should I do and is there anything else I should take into consideration?
>>
No. 515207 ID: 735f4f

Scout first. We need to know where we are and what the surroundings hold. Could be a great dungeon site right next door or something horribly dangerous. Information is most important right now.
>>
No. 515208 ID: 76b151

can weak golems scout? It might be worth it to create all 6 and have them quickly fan out and inspect the area.
>>
No. 515210 ID: 256d52
File 137068072919.png - (5.73KB , 300x300 , advice2.png )
515210

>Can weak golems scout? It might be worth it to create all 6 and have them quickly fan out and inspect the area.
Unfortunately no. Conjured golems can't travel very far from me and, well, they're fairly stupid without direct supervision.
>>
No. 515211 ID: 76b151

Alright then. I say create two strong golems and go with 3. Reconnaisance in force. If we find nothing better then this we can always come back.
>>
No. 515213 ID: 76b151

>>515211
oh and before we go can we mine out that gold and take it with us?

Also inspect the quasidragons lair. Maybe it has something special.
>>
No. 515230 ID: f29aa1

Who is quest author?
>>
No. 515244 ID: d99803

I'm for staying low and safe.
We're small and weak in the grand scale of things, so we should play it safe until we have the strength to move about more openly.
>>
No. 515245 ID: 19b3c3

Smartest thing to do would be scout. Only choose blindly if you have to.

No need to leave your core completely vulnerable, though. You could create an additional golem or two to guard it with the quasidragon. Then we reuse them if you decide to stay put, or migrate (or maybe we reabsorb them? Can you consume golems to recover the mana spent?).
>>
No. 515252 ID: d0864b

See if there is anything you could do to repair the damage before you leave. Also looting the nest for anything valuable or useful (or both) would be good.
>>
No. 515283 ID: f2c20c

>>515205
I like option 3 best. We need to scout, but we shouldn't leave ourselves vulnerable either. Besides, strength in numbers is far better than the tiny amount of magic we can do with our current mana regeneration.
>>
No. 515301 ID: af8414

Option 1
>>
No. 515309 ID: 5b2b3a

we are way to weak to take any chances, we should lay low for a bit and recover.
>>
No. 515316 ID: e31ca1

We need to scout, but be cautious about it. If we pick 2, we will be able to scout it out at a lower risk, even though the danger is greater.
>>
No. 515327 ID: c9247d

>>515309

the quest just started, man. if we die now, it'd be pretty dumb. I say travel.
>>
No. 515339 ID: cc2e78

im feeling option 3 we can find some more monsters to minionise while we travel
>>
No. 515355 ID: 47a120

If we were to choose option 1, how hard would it be to relocate later on?

>golems can't travel far
Any reason why they can't guard the heart alongside the quasi dragon while the avatar scouts?
>>
No. 515557 ID: bef9c6

Just make two medium golems and move out. Unless the quasi dragon has any complaints. Would be nice if you were less obviously a golem, but it should be fine.
>>
No. 515683 ID: 47a120

voting 2 (unless new info comes up)
>>
No. 516120 ID: 181a67

What else can you do with mana? Can you scan or scout in some other way besides manifesting physical beings and traveling, or implement infrastructure upgrades to improve your ability to defend and perceive your environment? I sincerely hope you have more near-term abilities available besides golem manifestation.
If there is nothing substantive you can do outside of your three choices I suggest option two: You need to spend time securing the loyalty of your first minion and improving its effectiveness anyway before risking it in combat.
>>
No. 516436 ID: 325550
File 137104582815.png - (54.11KB , 600x400 , inventory_check.png )
516436

>See if there is anything you could do to repair the damage before you leave.
I put some clay in the hole and it didn't explode. Progress! The liquid mana's still seeping through. Hardly surprising: mana's not entirely physical so mundane materials can't entirely stop it.

My ah... flaw... isn't causing me pain. I can barely feel my mana slowly seeping into it. Maybe forming this golem body helped stabilise it? Proper mounting as a dungeon heart might help too. Touching it and getting the clay in wasn't exactly a pleasant sensation but now it's just an area of numbness. I'm trying not to think about it and the mana bleeding out of my broken-

Not thinking about it!

>Also looting the nest for anything valuable or useful (or both) would be good.
After a quick search, I have my heart, a bag of gold coins, and a sword.

If there was anything else magical here, I'd have sensed it. And anything else isn't that useful to me.

Speaking of magic, the sword's actually surprisingly good quality. It's orichalcum. Mountain-copper is one of the more common magical metals, but unfortunately it's not as good a conductor for the earth pulse as plain coins and gems. I could maybe put it in a treasure chest to - no, that's something for later.

>Any reason why [the golems] can't guard the heart alongside the quasidragon while the avatar scouts?
That is exactly what they'd normally do. It's unusual that my golem body is acting as a sort of relay for my sphere of influence.

>Can you consume golems to recover the mana spent?
I would no longer need to devote a portion of my mana supply to sustaining them and yes, I would be able to scavenge some of the energy used to originally create them.
>>
No. 516437 ID: 325550
File 137104605236.png - (21.72KB , 600x400 , pose_as_a_team_because_etc.png )
516437

>Just make two medium golems and move out.
Alright, let's do this thing.

Given my heart and my heart fragment are the two most valuable things I possess, I'd rather move everything together and find a good spot to establish myself.

Having my core self removed from a dungeon I've created is similar to, but almost entirely unlike, having my heart ripped out of my body. For one, I survive the process. Still, it's not easy on me and I'd prefer to avoid it given my current state.

>Unless the quasi dragon has any complaints.
He wants to move out. He's starting to get a little hungry.

>Would be nice if you were less obviously a golem, but it should be fine.
What do you mean by that?

>What else can you do with mana? Can you scan or scout in some other way besides manifesting physical beings and traveling, or implement infrastructure upgrades to improve your ability to defend and perceive your environment? I sincerely hope you have more near-term abilities available besides golem manifestation.

The most immediately useful quality of mine is that I can sense the earth-pulse and bodies of natural resources, in particular earth-aspected ones. This will make it relatively easy for me to home in on good dungeon sites.

As a dungeon I can create various specialised structures with various effects such as protecting and monitoring my domain, enhancing my minions, and taking care of their needs. Once I'm more established I will be able to learn and cast various spells within my area of influence.

I'm not entirely sure what I can do with this body either. I've never been able to directly implant a part of myself into a mobile body before. Except... ah... no, it's nothing. I hardly have the free mana to experiment much at the moment anyway.

Anyway, this place is beginning to wear on me.

I can sense three possible sites that seem like they might be suitable and unclaimed. Which should I investigate first?

Mountains: The unclaimed cavern systems feel rudimentary, I'd have to carve most of my dungeon out of solid rock but there is a lot of resources to be mined out.

Forest: There's a lot of caves and they go quite deep which means more effective mana generation. There's something else here... ruins or an abandoned dungeon? Possibly a fast-track to success.

Seaside: I can sense a suitable cave system close to the sea. There's a strange fuzzy sensation of a lot of gold on or near the surface close by. Perhaps a town? I'm unsure if that would prove to be a benefit or a downside.
>>
No. 516438 ID: d30532

I'm going to vote mountain. We can build deep cave systems but we can't really build resources. Also, there are a lot of fun things you can do with entrances built into cliff faces in terms of trap potential.
The forest ruin sound interesting, but we can probably send a looting party by there later.

Strike the earth!
>>
No. 516441 ID: 19b3c3

Mountain. Earth is our element, and there will be resources to work with.

Having to carve out things isn't entirely a disadvantage, either. Being in controlling of the shape of the area, far moreseo than the coast or forest, is a significant tactical advantage.
>>
No. 516446 ID: b5ca1e

Mountain sounds awesome, let's do it!
>>
No. 516448 ID: 82adcc

mountain seems a tad overdone. how about the forest?
>>
No. 516453 ID: 6f7eda

>>516437
oh i had assumed you meant exploring the cave you are in now in search of a better location. much safer if you ask me. if not that, i vote forest. we'd have to clear out the dungeon but we'll have more to work with. we won't have to reorder much later once we dig because there'll be plenty of room already
>>
No. 516454 ID: bef9c6

I say head straight for the mountain. Should be nice and isolated at first and it sounds like expansion possibilities are endless. Go for the long run.

With appropriate management it should be possible to make a totally awesome dungeon with paths hanging out of cliff faces, mountaintop views and all that. No risk of flooding either.
>>
No. 516458 ID: 76b151

Mountains, ruins speak to me of powers we aren't equiped to deal with yet
>>
No. 516465 ID: 47a120

Forest, we might find some knowledge about fixing dungeon hearts in the old abandoned one

>>516438
>I'm going to vote mountain. We can build deep cave systems but we can't really build resources.
We can't? We have some super duper earth specialized magic here. Even if we can't we could field a larger army with more mana and as such acquire more resources via non mining methods
>>
No. 516507 ID: cc2e78

Ahhh no secret volcano lair, oh well mountains second best choice.
>>
No. 516510 ID: f2c20c

>>516437
Could the gold you sense by the seaside be a dragon's hoard, perhaps? I want to go there regardless.
>>
No. 516512 ID: ea4b0b
File 137108712963.png - (957B , 16x16 , dungeon.png )
516512

Made y'all a favicon because DAMN is that some good art
>>
No. 516514 ID: 01531c

>>516437
>There's a strange fuzzy sensation of a lot of gold on or near the surface close by. Perhaps a town?

Calling it now, it's probably jews merchant bankers
>>
No. 516517 ID: eaa372

>>516514

We should set up shop right in the middle of civilization. I mean why build a dungeon in the middle of nowhere waiting for punk ass adventurers coming to take your loot?

We should go to the city, find a bank, open an account with the quasi dragon's gold, and then make a deposit with our core inside an iron box. Surrounded by conductive metals and gold I might add. If we make the city into an economic powerhouse that means MORE GOLD gets deposited nearby our core. Any adventurers that try to take the gold powering our core get branded criminals.

BAM instant defenders and the city acts as a sort of self sustaining dungeon with motivated defenders. Honestly why else do you think these human meatbags are so successful?
>>
No. 516518 ID: bf54a8

>>516517
they will investigate when one of the boxes is noticed to be leaking a red ooze.
>>
No. 516568 ID: 2f4b71

>>516517
I rather like this plan, BUT: how would you sneak your golem(s) into the vault with you?
>>
No. 516576 ID: 9ddf68

I vote forest so your more organic minions will always have something to eat should they get hungry and the random adventure thing is running a little slower then normal, plus people are more likely to run through a forest then through a mountain.
>>
No. 516580 ID: eaa372

>>516568

Huge identity covering cloaks of course. See these newcomer business men wearing cloaks are concerned about their privacy as they go about their daily business and would like to make their deposits quietly. While the bankers are focused on showing the head honcho their vault one of the smaller golems can find an unused nook to hide the core.

The main concern here is whether or not we have enough seed money donated by the quasi dragon to justify frequent visits.
>>
No. 516581 ID: bf54a8

>>516580
again, we will have an ooze problem, someone will walk in and see this huge ass puddle of red goo. and everyone will know there is a problem. the higher our mana regen the faster it leaks out. basically a bank will give us incredible power... for a little bit, then we get discovered and destroyed.
>>
No. 516582 ID: 83dc73

I vote mountain, more resources means more mana regeneration (because gold), and we can dig real deep if we want to match the efficiency of other locales.
>>
No. 516589 ID: 47a120

>>516581
We could actually INFORM the bank owner of our intent and cut a deal... or heck, minionize him/her/it

And also, I am not sure everyone can perceive the ooze, it is rather ephemeral (it is mana). We plugged the hole but mana is still leaking out THROUGH the clay so its not exactly solid.
>>
No. 516590 ID: a8af63

>>516514
I'm going to go with a semi-plausible guess and say buried treasure.

However with the crack, the most important thing we need is security and the most secure place should be the mountains. So mountains gets my vote
>>
No. 516824 ID: 32c190

>>516514
Im calling haunted shipwreck.
And I dont know what Im voting for.
>>
No. 516851 ID: 0394ae

Mountain. Stronger defences, more resources. Always a plus.
>>
No. 516859 ID: 01531c

Can I call the big guy DM for 'dungeon master'?
>>
No. 517255 ID: 325550
File 137138453557.png - (27.86KB , 600x400 , farewell_sweet_cave.png )
517255

>I vote forest so your more organic minions will always have something to eat should they get hungry and the random adventure thing is running a little slower then normal, plus people are more likely to run through a forest then through a mountain.
Hmmm, food. Yes, I had forgotten about that. I can create small farms, but this is admittedly a potential vulnerability.

>Forest, we might find some knowledge about fixing dungeon hearts in the old abandoned one.
This does make it a very tempting option.

>The forest ruin sound interesting, but we can probably send a looting party by there later.
But this is also very true.

>Mountains, ruins speak to me of powers we aren't equiped to deal with yet.
The mountains may also have powerful enemies such as ogres or even dragons, but you're right, the risk of running into some dangerous remannt left behind in a dungeon ruin is far higher.

>I say head straight for the mountain. Should be nice and isolated at first and it sounds like expansion possibilities are endless. Go for the long run.
Hmm, yes, being able to have almost every inch of the dungeon designed to my preference is indeed very tempting.

>I'm going to vote mountain. We can build deep cave systems but we can't really build resources. Also, there are a lot of fun things you can do with entrances built into cliff faces in terms of trap potential.
>Strike the earth!
I am decided. In terms of known resources and capabilities this is by far the best option.

>We should set up shop right in the middle of civilisation. I mean why build a dungeon in the middle of nowhere waiting for punk ass adventurers coming to take your loot?
An intriguing idea, but things are a little more complicated than that. Dungeons tend to be in remote locations because the earth-pulse creates monsters. A powerful dungeon generally means the area around it becomes deserted quickly. Part of the purpose of a dungeon is to defend its denizens from the wild monsters it's creating.

And attracting sacrifices with the Labyrinth Game is a powerful source of mana. What did you call them? Adventurers?

>We should go to the city, find a bank, open an account with the quasi dragon's gold, and then make a deposit with our core inside an iron box. Surrounded by conductive metals and gold I might add. If we make the city into an economic powerhouse that means MORE GOLD gets deposited nearby our core. Any adventurers that try to take the gold powering our core get branded criminals.
Vaults are usually designed to reduce monster generation, which also tends makes them less effective at generating mana. It's not impossible to work around, but the efficiency will be lower if I was to find such a site and want to avoid revealing my presence.

Do I want to investigate the exact nature of this gold deposit near the sea before I go to the mountains? It's not a huge distance out of the way.
>>
No. 517256 ID: bf54a8

if you are SURE you can see it before anyone could see you then sure. but if risk of being seen gets too high then abort.
>>
No. 517258 ID: 3e1e83

yeah, sure.
>>
No. 517261 ID: cc2e78

i see no real problem with this, just make sure you do not attract to much attention while you are there.
>>
No. 517262 ID: 19b3c3

All right, we can investigate the gold before heading up the mountain. Keep your forces out of sight, though.

Worst case, we can't get the gold now, and we just take note for a future raid.
>>
No. 517307 ID: 47a120

I would rather we set up the dungeon in its new location and then go scout while its generating mana/building (with the quasidragon and the golems guarding it) rather then carrying the whole convoy into town.
>>
No. 517310 ID: 9ddf68

I meant your minions could hunt in the forest but meh it doesn't matter now

as for scouting out the ocean location just to see what is there sure why not just make sure you can get away quickly should things take a turn for the worst.
>>
No. 517325 ID: f2c20c

>>517255
Let's take a look, sure. It'll be useful information for later regardless.
>>
No. 517331 ID: 5a5dd4

Well, if building a dungeon means monsters are created nearby, is there any way to control where the monsters appear? Like, make it impossible for them to be created in certain areas?


Because if we could set up in the city and capture the monsters, we could hold some sort of gladiator style arena where adventurers could fight monsters in relatively controlled environments, and either charge for seats to the show, charge the adventurers an entry/monster capturing fee, or endorse and control gambling and bets on the adventurers. It'd deal with the monsters and maybe count as a Labyrinth Game at the same time. Hell, we could even have the labyrinth as a separate attraction altogether. Charge an entry fee and rig it so maybe one in a hundred walk out with a pile of treasure that isn't worth much to us. What I'm saying is we could make the most awesome casino-city ever.

Either way, we get money and mana from the populace (and the dead adventurers), they get dungeon-tier protection, a sweet tourist attraction, and super-fast construction of city buildings/projects.

As effective as the old methods of dungeoneering are, I think we could do far better with a little creativity.
>>
No. 517333 ID: bf54a8

>>517331
i'm pretty sure the dungeon works by the halls acting as the veins and arteries for our heart. we cannot be confined. we need to spread out in an ordered but sprawling manner. and to control the monster spawns would probably need to do something crazy like render everywhere else uninhabitable. simply put, dungeons are made like they are for a reason.
>>
No. 517349 ID: 5a5dd4

Sprawling yet ordered artery-halls sounds a lot like city streets to me, bro. I'm not saying we would stay within the city, I'm saying we would be the city. The bank would merely be our throne.

We'd just have to keep the monsters away from the civilians. So like, if we could keep them from spawning inside city walls and then just guard the roads leading to and from the city, we'd be good.

Though, if we could force them to spawn in pens or in heavily trapped areas, that would make things a lot easier.

And even if we can't force the monsters into useful locations, a casino-city would still be an awesome way to get money and loot without adventurers actively trying to kill us.
>>
No. 517482 ID: 01531c
File 137144665404.png - (1.01MB , 639x921 , Festival-of-the-Hunt-Prize.png )
517482

>>517349
>We'd just have to keep the monsters away from the civilians. So like, if we could keep them from spawning inside city walls and then just guard the roads leading to and from the city, we'd be good.
>Though, if we could force them to spawn in pens or in heavily trapped areas, that would make things a lot easier.

YOU ARE A GENIUS
>>
No. 517484 ID: bf54a8

i don't think you guys understand. the biggest problem is TRUST. no one would possibly believe us and we would have 'heros' out the ass trying to destroy us day one for "taking over" a town.
>>
No. 517496 ID: 5a5dd4

Eh, we can just tell some sob story about how we used to do the normal dungeon thing and that ended with us half dead at the bottom of a cave with a hole in our heart. So we're trying something new, and we want to use our special talents to help the city grow and prosper.

And really, we just care about the city (as a structure), the monsters, the adventurers, and the gold. The populace can govern and police themselves. We don't want to be a dictator, we want to be a billionaire.

But right now, we don't even know if there's actually a city there. Investigation is needed.
>>
No. 517500 ID: c23ab0

Not to add to fuel to the fire or anything, but dungeons are typically underground, while cities are typically above ground. I'm sure some kind of agreement could be reached.

My question is how did your heart break in the first place? Was it from doing normal dungeon things, or was it from this very strategy being proposed? Who did it, and are they still at large?
>>
No. 517501 ID: 01531c
File 137144974435.jpg - (321.25KB , 1280x852 , saint-priscillas-catacombs-2.jpg )
517501

>>517500
>dungeons are typically underground, while cities are typically above ground. I'm sure some kind of agreement could be reached.
>>
No. 517504 ID: 47a120

>>517484
>i don't think you guys understand. the biggest problem is TRUST. no one would possibly believe us and we would have 'heros' out the ass trying to destroy us day one for "taking over" a town.
Why take over a town when you can build a brand new one and entice people to move in?

Of course, define people? A dungeon master is threatened by the monsters that spawn and either kill or tame them, once tamed they serve us. And how many monsters are sapient? We are going to be a town anyways, just not a human town.

If we relocate into a populated area then the current denizens will be beset by our monsters, some would die too which leads to bad blood. They will be faced with a choice of running away from their home and land, or killing us.

If we build up in a deserted area we could, once we have the monster spawning thing under control, entice people to move in who are willing to see things our way.
>>
No. 517505 ID: eaa372

>>517496
At no point should we ever introduce ANYONE to the dungeon heart. Make no reference to its very existence

We could pretend to be a mage that was cursed to have a stone body then use the body imbued with the shard for any and all interactions with people. We'll have to find a way to suppress information about dungeon hearts to ensure anybody that encounters the core won't know what it is and how it works.
>>
No. 517507 ID: 47a120

>>517505
That is a good point... an even better point is, what benefit do we get from having humans (rather then our monster servants) living inside our dungeon? Seems pretty risky to me.
>>
No. 517512 ID: 5a5dd4

>>517507
Humans trade with other humans. Humans work, humans earn, humans spend, humans gamble. We sit on their gold in the bank and profit off of all of this.

If humans work with us, we're less likely to be attacked by other humans.

If we keep our dealings up front and over the table, we never have to worry about humans discovering our secrets, because we won't have any.

If we make an ally of the humans, we will grow like no dungeon has ever grown before.
>>
No. 517516 ID: 47a120

>>517512
People don't generally keep huge piles of gold in a vault.
Also we could just open banks in several cities around us, and then have the bank's "vault" be reachable via wild roller-coaster ride that leads into our dungeon like the gringots bank in harry potter.
No need for humans to actually live inside the dungeon proper.

Also, conquering a town an having monsters spawn in it and murder civilians is a horrible way to make then your allies. Enticing people willing to put up with your eccentricity is a good way.

Also I don't believe for a second human "heroes" attack dungeon hearts for any reason other then their greed for the gold which powers us.
>>
No. 517517 ID: bf54a8

>>517512
that implies humans form a united front and work perfectly with each other. or that there aren't assholes. we will be minding our own business when BAM we find someone is dead and everyone blames us and we are destroyed. i do not care how 'awesome' you think it is. there will always be an incalculably huge risk of something going horribly horribly wrong when dealing with humans.
>>
No. 517522 ID: 47a120

>>517517
doesn't even have to be a death. Even if all of humanity believes us to be benevolent. A balanced group of random murderhobos will pretend to be civilian to get close enough to the dungeon heart to assassinate us so they can steal our gold. Heck, afterwards our monsters will go feral and start attacking so they could claim we attacked first.
>>
No. 517526 ID: 35edd4

>>517522
Fuck you, investment bank dungeon is the best plan ever and we must do it.
>>
No. 517528 ID: 76b151

>>517526
I disagree. Too many things can go wrong.
>>
No. 517541 ID: 47a120

>>517526
>Fuck you, investment bank dungeon is the best plan ever and we must do it.
Seriously? I am the guy who first came up with the idea
See >>516589 where I suggested that instead of secretly sneaking into a bank vault (as the one I replied to suggested) we take over a bank (aka we are a legitimate bank now)

The post you replied to didn't argue against running and owning a bank, it argued against taking over a city and making our dungeon the city itself, suggesting instead >>517516
>we could just open banks in several cities around us, and then have the bank's "vault" be reachable via wild roller-coaster ride that leads into our dungeon like the gringots bank in harry potter.
>No need for humans to actually live inside the dungeon proper.

And agreed with >>517505 about keeping the dungeon heart a secret (pretend to be the golem and that the vaults are just top security magical bank vaults).

Although I do wonder if the plan is at all VIABLE since humans don't just keep piles of gold in a vault.
>>
No. 517551 ID: 2ddb7b

any of that can only come after we're strong enough to defend ourselves from most things. including cities.
>>
No. 517632 ID: 87f756

Set up a dungeon first. Make sure the heart is safe. Then you can go check out that gold near the sea.

See if you can find a mountain spot near a river or mountain lake so you have a stream of water to play with.
>>
No. 517651 ID: 0394ae

At this stage, I am AGAINST the bank idea. We are too weak and ineffective at this point and as is, I am certain no human would trust us with a penny. even if we did, the monsters and heroes would complicate things too much.

Check the shore place on the way to the mountains. Maybe there is so easy to grab gold.
>>
No. 517653 ID: 01531c

I hereby christen this adventure Immortal Dungeon Jew Fantasy VI: For the Love Power of Gold!
>>
No. 517667 ID: 35edd4

>>517541
Okay then, let me rephrase:

You're awesome, investment bank dungeon is the best plan ever and we must do it.
>>
No. 517672 ID: b9d767

THe bank idea, while funny, seems very unwise. Best to go with something else.

Also, what is the dragon's name? If we named it I must have missed it. Goddamn that thing is adorable.
>>
No. 517801 ID: baf3a3

We only gain magic from gold that we have ownership off. Would a bank be considered to have ownership of the gold its clients deposit?
>>
No. 517807 ID: 4d9a4c

>>517672
Why the quasidragon's name is being decided as we speak in this newly minted discussion thread:

>>/questdis/72355
>>
No. 517809 ID: 4d9a4c
File 137155866765.png - (36.85KB , 600x400 , obligatory_travel_motage.png )
517809

>All right, we can investigate the gold before heading up the mountain. Keep your forces out of sight, though.
>Worst case, we can't get the gold now, and we just take note for a future raid.
A sensible suggestion. I will take my forces with me but investigate the site alone if necessary.

>Well, if building a dungeon means monsters are created nearby, is there any way to control where the monsters appear? Like, make it impossible for them to be created in certain areas?
The majority are created outside of my area of influence. To do otherwise seriously impacts my respiration.

>i'm pretty sure the dungeon works by the halls acting as the veins and arteries for our heart. we cannot be confined. we need to spread out in an ordered but sprawling manner. and to control the monster spawns would probably need to do something crazy like render everywhere else uninhabitable. simply put, dungeons are made like they are for a reason.
Quite correct.

>As effective as the old methods of dungeoneering are, I think we could do far better with a little creativity.
>If we make an ally of the humans, we will grow like no dungeon has ever grown before.
Do you really think that it is an idea no-one has ever had before? Where do you think the knowledge to design mana-dispersing vaults comes from?

>Investment bank dungeon is the best plan ever and we must do it.
In the interests of being absolutely clear, if this gold deposit does prove to be from money-lenders in a city, it is a possible source of a lot of gold, but trying to set up there does come with a number of drawbacks compared to a conventional dungeon.

>My question is how did your heart break in the first place? Was it from doing normal dungeon things, or was it from this very strategy being proposed? Who did it, and are they still at large?
...

Oh look here we are!
>>
No. 517810 ID: 4d9a4c
File 137155873324.png - (12.61KB , 600x400 , hes_here_to_guard_this_gate.png )
517810

>if you are SURE you can see it before anyone could see you then sure. but if risk of being seen gets too high then abort.
Hmm, this is going to be tricky. It seems many people live here in this place, and they have built a wall around this place. There is a human man here who appears to be guarding the entrance.

>What benefit do we get from having humans (rather then our monster servants) living inside our dungeon? Seems pretty risky to me.
Sapience is a precious thing. For example, people with appropriate specialties would allow me to build various things I would otherwise be incapable of.

>I don't believe for a second human "heroes" attack dungeon hearts for any reason other then their greed for the gold which powers us.
Perhaps because there is a power in the human heart that is awakened by such challenge? Or to calm the earth-pulse? To assault my heart would be a violation of the Labyrinth Game. Of course, if I was to place a great number of humans in danger, I suppose they would seek to destroy me rather than merely placate me.

>If we keep our dealings up front and over the table, we never have to worry about humans discovering our secrets, because we won't have any.
Yes, for example I could create a dungeon and invite offerings to wager their bodies in exchange for a chance at greatness, and the opportunity to wrest some of my wealth from my vaults. I am somewhat confused that you believe I have any secrets to hide.

Still, I am vulnerable at the moment and it isn't wise to advertise weakness.

>We could pretend to be a mage that was cursed to have a stone body then use the body imbued with the shard for any and all interactions with people.
Alright, I'm going to try it.
>>
No. 517811 ID: 4d9a4c
File 137155893225.png - (17.37KB , 600x400 , lying_level_expert.png )
517811

"Good evening to you sir guardsman! I am Deem and I am a mighty wizard from faraway lands! Do not be afraid of my appearance, for I was cursed by a, a... a demon to have a body of stone and clay."

"Ah." The guardsman pauses. He clearly must be awestruck. "Well good evening then miss. I'm about to close the gate for the night. Are you coming inside?"

An unexpected turn of events, but I think fast. "...Yes. Yes I am."

I may have to spend the night here. Let me think...

The guardsman clears his throat. "Miss, do you need to know where the Golemeter Guild is, or are you looking for somewhere else?"
>>
No. 517813 ID: bf54a8

apparently this world is high enough magic that he didn't even bat an eye at our story.

anyway, everyone else take cover in the woods. this Golemeter guild seems interesting. perhaps we can learn a trick or two of golem construction and make stronger ones or make them using less energy.
>>
No. 517830 ID: d59dc9

yes, golemeter guild, sure.
>>
No. 517844 ID: 19b3c3

...that is not staying out of sight!

>do you know where the Golemeter Guild is?
No, because you a perfectly normal person who has not been to this town before!

...learning about advances made in golem tech while you were asleep could be useful. They might have something you could include in improving your own designs!

Although I'm not sure you want to let them study you too closely.

>other dudes
Have your other golems find a safe-ish place to hole up outside with your core. Maybe have one of them hunt something up for the mini-drake. Golems have the advantage of not smelling like an animal, making it easy for them to knab something.
>>
No. 517869 ID: 9ddf68

just ask him for the genral layout of the city/town/fort and you'll try and find things on your own as you don't want to take up his time, then see if you can't find where this gold pile is and take in the city sights so you don't get lost and if we have to fight our out we know where to go.

Also why didn't you take the sword with you?
>>
No. 517888 ID: cf49fc

>>517869
Because we look like a young lady, and a young lady with a falchion is significantly more threatening.
>>
No. 517890 ID: f2c20c

>>517811
Alright, if we have nothing to fear from revealing our true nature, we could warn them that we're setting up in the mountain so that they can keep people from wandering around there unarmed. Also it'd get us some publicity for the Game... we might want to tell them that it's gonna be a while before we're ready for business though. Gotta carve out them tunnels.

Maybe we can talk to a mage or something about what happened, and find out what we could do about it. So let's go to the Golemeter Guild.
>>
No. 517892 ID: 19b3c3

>>517888
And because it was an expensive falchion. We either end up looking like a threat or a target, neither of which we want.

It's gonna be tricky enough pulling off the right balance as a golem.
>>
No. 517910 ID: cf49fc

>>517890
We have EVERYTHING to fear revealing our true nature. We lied and said we're a wandering cursed wizard, not an "I summon armies of demons to attack you JUST BY EXISTING" person.
>>
No. 518183 ID: 87f756

Say that you're actually looking for a good vantage point with a view and a nice place to meet people.

Knowing where the Golemeter Guild is might come in handy though. Thank the guard for his useful suggestions.
>>
No. 518225 ID: 01531c

"Sir guardsman, where may I find the local money-changers?"
>>
No. 518509 ID: 256d52
File 137183597351.png - (14.58KB , 600x400 , guards_love_exposition.png )
518509

>...that is not staying out of sight!
This is a different kind of sneaking mission now!

>Why didn't you take the sword with you?
Because I only have two hands, need to carry a bag of gold and a golem with a knife is a golem with a knife.

>Knowing where the Golemeter Guild is might come in handy though. Thank the guard for his useful suggestions.
"Yes, that is right." I tell the guard, "I would like to know where the golemeter guild is and I do not know where it is. Because I have never been in this town before. Thank you for suggesting it."

"I had a feeling." he chuckles. He seems friendly enough, but I'm starting to feel as if there's some joke that I'm not in on.

>just ask him for the general layout of the city/town/fort and you'll try and find things on your own as you don't want to take up his time
I'll keep this brief.

"Could you give me a quick run-down of the sights here? I don't want to take up too much of your time."

"Well, 'most everything is closed at the moment since night is coming on, but there's a few nice inns down near the docks and on the main street if you need a place to stay for the night. Docks might be a little crowded - we just had a ship come in. There's a few shops along the main street." he chuckles again. "Lianna there can set you up if you'd be needing new clothes or anything. Afraid there's not much to see here though. Church might be worth a look? It's fairly old."

Ugh, a church. Probably redolent with the sky-power. I hate it.

>"Sir guardsman, where may I find the local money-changers?"
I interject. "And where should I go if I need to change some money?"

"If you just need to change a little, Lianna's a safe bet. Other than her, best to try the church, or the merchant bank. Both open at dawn."

I thank him for his help and he says it's no trouble, it's good practice. We both go in the gate and he locks it behind me. I must confess it makes me a little nervous, but I suppose I can simply climb the wall should it come to that.
>>
No. 518511 ID: 256d52
File 137183605126.png - (14.74KB , 600x400 , time_to_doorknock.png )
518511

>Maybe we can talk to a mage or something about what happened, and find out what we could do about it. So let's go to the Golemeter Guild.
It's getting dark and most people seem to have gone home for the night already. I'll try the guild.

This looks like the place.

>...learning about advances made in golem tech while you were asleep could be useful. They might have something you could include in improving your own designs!
Haha, surely you jest?

>Have your other golems find a safe-ish place to hole up outside with your core. Maybe have one of them hunt something up for the mini-drake. Golems have the advantage of not smelling like an animal, making it easy for them to knab something.
Yes, perhaps I should send some simple-minded golems with no skill at hunting to catch something to eat for the animal which has years of practice at it.

>Alright, if we have nothing to fear from revealing our true nature, we could warn them that we're setting up in the mountain so that they can keep people from wandering around there unarmed. Also it'd get us some publicity for the Game... we might want to tell them that it's gonna be a while before we're ready for business though. Gotta carve out them tunnels.
That's a senselessly risky move. Should I be of a mind to do so, I can always send an emissary here once I am established.

Anyway, I knock.
>>
No. 518513 ID: 256d52
File 137183621683.png - (44.75KB , 600x550 , not_impressed.png )
518513

A girl in bulky robes opens the door and just looks at me for a long moment. She's definitely a magus, she's cast recently. I can taste the thaumaturgy still clinging to her. She seems unimpressed.

"Hello, my name is Deem and-!"

She turns and calls out to someone else inside.

"Hey Merud, have you been trying to make your stupid turing golems again? Looks like there's someone here for you."

She interrupted me. How dare she.

"What? Oh, uh - just a minute!" a male voice calls out. There's various noises and a second magus comes to the door.
>>
No. 518514 ID: 256d52
File 137183640416.png - (18.87KB , 600x400 , meet_the_golemeters.png )
518514

Despite the lack of respect, I believe this one is higher ranking than the girl, judging by his robes and his hat. He also seems less prickly.

"Oh, ah." he looks at me, confused. "Um, do you have a message for me?"

"I don't know why you insist on these farces." the girl says. Something about all this isn't right.

"What? Why would I have a message for you?" I reply to the taller magus - Merud? This is fast becoming aggravating. "Don't you know who I am?" I bluster and-

Is he looking at my chest? I think he's looking at my chest.

"Wait, how can..." he's still confused but he's starting to look excited about something. "You're not a messenger golem?"

I stamp my foot. "Why would I be?"

"I'm sorry," he says. "It looks like we all started off on the wrong foot. Miss Golem, why don't you come inside and we can sort this out?"

...he knows.
>>
No. 518519 ID: 1b3478

hopefully he was just staring at your boobs.

go inside.
>>
No. 518521 ID: bf54a8

is his hat also eying you?

well he seems interested and hasn't called the guards. if he knows, he wants to know more. step in.
>>
No. 518523 ID: 9ddf68

...what's wrong with talking right here?
>>
No. 518524 ID: 76b151

Oh great they think you are a construct of someone elses. Say have you ever made sentient golems?
>>
No. 518540 ID: 591152

>>518514
this turned out to be a terrible, terrible idea.

golems aren't normally sentient, you are. therefore their surprise. this is bad, they might try to pry the stone out. you'll have nowhere to run if you go inside. i'm not sure you'll be able to escape as is.

your best bet is to talk with them and offer trade - their knowledge for an opportunity of studding, unobtrusively, a sentient golem.
the knowledge can come in handy but the main reason is that with such a trade they'll let you leave in one piece.
>>
No. 518541 ID: 19b3c3

>Haha, surely you jest?
No matter how good you are, you might be surprised at what others come up with. Besides, you have no idea how long you have slept. Years, decades, centuries, millenia? If if knowledge has been lost, and no human mage can craft a golem as fine as you, there may have been new discoveries or knowledge that may be of use to you.

Do not put ignorant, self-confident arrogance and pride before a potential advantage.

...of course if there's nothing feel free to mock the humanity's puny attempts at golemancy in your own time.

>no respect
>Don't you know who I am?
Bad golem slash dungeon heart! This is a stealth mission, remember? You don't want people recognizing you as what you are!

But well. We're found out now.

>Go in
I suppose. It's that or run, or fight. And I'm not sure we can afford to let this become a violent contest, and I'm not sure how your avatar would shape up in combat against a mage of unknown skill and power.
>>
No. 518547 ID: eaa372

Keep playing up your assumed identity as a mage. Act indignant as though you're offended that you're being called a mindless construct instead a victim of a curse.
>>
No. 518601 ID: 933f92

YOU ARE AN OLD MAGE IN A FLOATING TOWER REMOTELY CONTROLLING THE GOLEM

IT'S A COMMON THING, REALLY

ha ha golemquest
>>
No. 518608 ID: 591152

>>518601
an old male mage in a young-female-looking golem's body.

what? i'm a mage i do what i want.
>>
No. 518617 ID: e3aff6

>...he knows.
Unless his magic tells him much more than I would think, the most he knows is that this body is built with a fragment of a dungeon heart. If he inquires further, we can say as much, which would not be the same as admitting the body is connected to a living dungeon heart.

>>518601
Basically this (especially since they could probably see any curse). Inform them that what stands before them is no mere messenger golem but a golem of our own devising that can broadcast our own words, senses, and even a portion of our magical power! Yes, its great, no, we are not simply giving away our hard-earned methods behind constructing it.

(Um... what are we trying to get from these guys again?)
>>
No. 518621 ID: 01531c

>>518617
We are trying discover what we don't know we don't know.
>>
No. 519149 ID: 256d52
File 137208522841.png - (17.21KB , 600x400 , they_know_too_much.png )
519149

>Bad golem slash dungeon heart! This is a stealth mission, remember? You don't want people recognizing you as what you are!
>But well. We're found out now.
Sh-shut up! I can still get out of this!

>Oh great they think you are a construct of someone elses. Say have you ever made sentient golems?
I've heard of them, but I've never made one.

>hopefully he was just staring at your boobs.
What. Why would he be doing that?!

>Keep playing up your assumed identity as a mage. Act indignant as though you're offended that you're being called a mindless construct instead a victim of a curse.
No, it's clear they can see I'm a golem. I need something else I need...

>YOU ARE AN OLD MAGE IN A FLOATING TOWER REMOTELY CONTROLLING THE GOLEM
>IT'S A COMMON THING, REALLY
Yes!

"I am really a wizard remotely controlling this golem from a floating tower!"

"...I have never heard of that happening." the girl says. "Next you'll be telling me you eat souls."

>well he seems interested and hasn't called the guards. if he knows, he wants to know more. step in.
I guess I can hear him out.

"I'm quite comfortable here." I tell them.

The man sighs. "Look, I'm Merud and this is Kallia. And you are?"

"Deem." I venture guardedly.

"Well Deem, it's long been a dream of mine to create a sentient golem, or at least one that can give a convincing approximation of that."

>your best bet is to talk with them and offer trade - their knowledge for an opportunity of studying, unobtrusively, a sentient golem.
the knowledge can come in handy but the main reason is that with such a trade they'll let you leave in one piece.
Can I run? I don't know. There's two of them and they're magi. They'd quickly see my body is nothing of great sophistication and that leaves my heart. It's a part of me I can't let them have it!

"Now this might be a bit over-bold of me, but are you really a sentient golem?" Merud asks.

Quesitons question questions. He's nothing but questions.

>Unless his magic tells him much more than I would think, the most he knows is that this body is built with a fragment of a dungeon heart. If he inquires further, we can say as much, which would not be the same as admitting the body is connected to a living dungeon heart.
"And is this connected to the fragment of a dungeon heart in your chest?" he adds.

He really did see it for what it is. What else is he seeing with those wizard-eyes of his?

The other magus whistles softly, apparently impressed. "A real dungeon heart? With adventurers and dungeon crawling and everything? They're supposed to be pretty valuable. What would a piece on one be doing in a random golem?"

"Dungeon crawling?" I say. What an ugly term. "you mean the Labyrinth Game?"

"Actually..." Merud continues, looking at me intently, "the term 'Labyrinth Game' hasn't been in common use since the Age of Calamity and that ended over two thousand years ago... Just how old are you, Deem?"

Why does he keep asking these questions?! He's seeing right through me!

>they might try to pry the stone out. you'll have nowhere to run if you go inside. i'm not sure you'll be able to escape as is.
No, no! I have to get out of here!
>>
No. 519150 ID: 256d52
File 137208530541.png - (17.58KB , 600x400 , panic_wizard.png )
519150

"Stay back!" I shout, backing up. "I am a mighty wizard and you have angered me!"

"It's OK, I'm not going to hurt you." Merud says, moving out of the door and reahcing a hand out towards me.

"Get back from her Merud, you idiot!" Kallia shouts, putting a hand on his shoulder. "You're going to get yourself hurt! Just use a command seal! She's only a basic golem!"

I'd normally have a mana capacity a hundred times that of a mere magus. I need to get away. I'll ransack my treasury of crumbs and convince them I'm a wizard with spellcraft.

I reach into myself and pull the mana out of my heart. the travelling mana twinges like a thread, a disquieting sensation as it pools in my body.

I draw it through my arm into my hand and -

oh no -
>>
No. 519151 ID: 256d52
File 137208540485.png - (19.09KB , 600x400 , broken_hearted.png )
519151

Something shifts inside me. Did moving the mana from my heart to the fragment damage something? It's too thin my mana's collapsing something's burning around my heart no I'm bleeding I'm broken and I'm bleeding and it burns and-
>>
No. 519152 ID: 256d52
File 137208547417.png - (36.36KB , 600x400 , blacking_out.png )
519152

it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts...

it hurts it hurts it hurts...

...

it hurts...

...

...

Deem has lost consciousness
>>
No. 519163 ID: 256d52
File 137208737376.png - (10.84KB , 600x400 , good_morning_deem.png )
519163

...
>>
No. 519164 ID: eee773

gg
>>
No. 519165 ID: d1d627

...Few questions for when you wake up.
First off, how are dungeon hearts like yours created?
It might be that the orb broke cause you split off of yourself? Like...What's in the golem is a brand new dungeon heart in itself, as opposed to being a part of the big orb.
Could also be a matter of distance-you should keep the big orb close to your golem self at all times, or doing magic will break you.
And also...You're apparently 2000+ years old, from a lost age...This makes things interesting! On the one hand, your golem designs COULD be massively outdated, with humans having honed the craft to the point that just the mana you tried to draw upon would be enough to work a golem twice your size with those advancements...Orr we could have a 'lost technology' scenario where you're actually leaps and bounds ahead of everyone due to lost knowledges. I'm gonna guess the former due to our...'ahem' intrinsic nature, but who knows?
haha, so the author of this quest has read it too!
>>
No. 519166 ID: 19b3c3

Oh hey, I just noticed that Merud's ornamentation changes expression with him. Mood-clothing.

>>hopefully he was just staring at your boobs.
>What. Why would he be doing that?!
Many meat-based lifeforms have a biologically driven preoccupation with certain sexual characteristics. This often extends even to non-biological depictions, representations or reproductions of such traits.

Such attention, while potentially troublesome or undesirable, would have been far less dangerous than his understanding your true nature.

>Why does he keep asking these questions?! He's seeing right through me!
No offense Deem, but I do not believe deceit is an art you are well practiced in. And you are almost literally wearing your heart on your sleeve.

>it hurts it hurts it hurts...
Well, nothing much to do except hope the mages really didn't have bad intentions and you wake up okay. I think we may luck out- Merud seems far more interested in understanding what you are (and how you work?) than in trying to steal your heart for power (not that you have much at the moment anyways). I doubt the first thing they'll do is try to take you appart- too much risk of permanently damaging or destroying something they don't understand yet.

Unless we can change perspectives? Shift our consciousness from the damaged avatar-golem to the rest of our heart and our minions?
>>
No. 519167 ID: 19b3c3

>>519163
Oh there we go. See? They tended to you. Morning, Deem. Try to be a little more polite to the mages when you see them, as it should now be obvious their intent is less hostile than you assumed.

>>519165
>lost tech versus new advancements
Honestly, I would assume the situation has some of both. It's inevitable that some information would have been lost after a calamity and thousands of years, and it's unlikely that new advancements and research would have followed exactly in the footsteps of the old. There's probably an opportunity to combine the best of the old and the best of the new to devastating effect.
>>
No. 519176 ID: d30532

Poke your torso to check if your heart-piece is still there.
>>
No. 519177 ID: bf54a8

>>519170
what? we would be out of this body if the shard was yanked.
>>
No. 519188 ID: cf49fc

>>519177
Then why are there bandages on our chest? That wizard did something.
>>
No. 519190 ID: d1d627

bandages might be because as far as the other mage can tell, we suddenly started bleeding from what apparently is our heart, and our eyes. No doubt a bit freaky to watch happen!
>>
No. 519192 ID: 9ddf68

>>519188
>>519152
we were bleeding like a stuffed pig

Also Deem just how high is that window from the ground? could make a useful escape route if things take a turn for the worst.
>>
No. 519212 ID: eaa372

Good news. It looks like they bought that lie about being a wizard if they stuck you into a bed as though you were a person. Take a look at your bandage and see how much mana is leaking through.
>>
No. 519235 ID: f2c20c

>>519163
Bandages. That's interesting. Would that work to keep the leaking mana inside you, I wonder? At any rate, it seems they truly did not wish any harm. They may still not realize what you really are, though.

I wonder if there's any way to check in on your golem servants and the mini-drake from a distance. Can you tell if they are still waiting? That's somewhat worrying actually, what if someone came across them and tried to steal the main piece of your heart?

I think we should get up and speak with them. Find out what they know about dungeon hearts, and why nobody's used the term Labyrinth Game in two thousand years. Was the Calamity Age the time when dungeon hearts were still active, and they ALL burst like yours when it ended? Did someone disable all the hearts at once via some massive spell or curse? If that's the case then we are in big trouble.
>>
No. 519245 ID: 7ca844

>>519192
I think you mean a "stuck" pig. A stuffed one would bleed if you stabbed it, but I'd worried if it bled on its own.

Anyway, wake up!
>>
No. 519268 ID: 47a120

well now, it seems they treated you instead of taking you apart for studies.
And you woke up in a bed instead of chained to a dissection table.
I guess you misjudged them, they deserve an apology.
>>
No. 519365 ID: f920f8

melt that magus' eyes for what he has done to you.
>>
No. 519622 ID: 2f4b71

>>519235
>Bandages. That's interesting. Would that work to keep the leaking mana inside you, I wonder?
They're golemancers, they wear animate clothing. I'm guessing those are no ordinary strips of cloth.
>>
No. 519695 ID: cf49fc

>>519622
Since the gent seemed like a bit of a berk, I'm willing to bet they're ordinary strips of cloth.
>>
No. 520198 ID: 256d52
File 137250789455.png - (40.84KB , 600x400 , check_heart.png )
520198

...

The Sun has risen and the wind is blowing. I can hear birds. I feel a cavernous void clawing at my insides. My mana is very low.

>Wake up, you FOOL. Incompetence is not rewarded with pleasant dreams.
Well screw you too.

>Poke your torso to check if your heart-piece is still there.
It's still there. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't.

>It might be that the orb broke cause you split off of yourself? Like...What's in the golem is a brand new dungeon heart in itself, as opposed to being a part of the big orb.
No, I can still feel both pieces of my heart. If I wasn't in both of them, then who would be?

>Could also be a matter of distance-you should keep the big orb close to your golem self at all times, or doing magic will break you.
I think that might be it. I overstrained the connection trying to transfer the mana so quickly at such a distance and aggravated my wound. Moving such a large ammount of my available total didn't help either.

>Many meat-based lifeforms have a biologically driven preoccupation with certain sexual characteristics. This often extends even to non-biological depictions, representations or reproductions of such traits.
>Such attention, while potentially troublesome or undesirable, would have been far less dangerous than his understanding your true nature.
Riiiiight.

>Oh there we go. See? They tended to you. Morning, Deem. Try to be a little more polite to the mages when you see them, as it should now be obvious their intent is less hostile than you assumed.
Trust has never served me well in the past but... I'll try.

>Bandages. That's interesting. Would that work to keep the leaking mana inside you, I wonder? At any rate, it seems they truly did not wish any harm. They may still not realize what you really are, though.
I'm not sure if the bandages would keep the mana in and not feeling game to pull them off and find out. It seems to have stopped.
>>
No. 520200 ID: 256d52
File 137250798643.png - (17.71KB , 600x520 , courtyard.png )
520200

>Also Deem just how high is that window from the ground? could make a useful escape route if things take a turn for the worst.
I'm on the second floor. The window opens onto an enclosed courtyard. There's some plants and benches and a few doors leading back inside.

I could jump down without hurting myself.

>...Few questions for when you wake up.
>First off, how are dungeon hearts like yours created?
I don't know. Miracles? I didn't exactly get out much. Early on, there was a lot of people poking and prying at me. It wasn't exactly a pleasant experience. From what I was able to overhear, they were very excited when they did manage to map my functions enough to reproduce them.

>And also...You're apparently 2000+ years old, from a lost age...This makes things interesting! On the one hand, your golem designs COULD be massively outdated, with humans having honed the craft to the point that just the mana you tried to draw upon would be enough to work a golem twice your size with those advancements...Orr we could have a 'lost technology' scenario where you're actually leaps and bounds ahead of everyone due to lost knowledges.
Broken and out of date... what a horrifying thought. More efficient mana use would be very much appreciated at this point though.

>Honestly, I would assume the situation has some of both. It's inevitable that some information would have been lost after a calamity and thousands of years, and it's unlikely that new advancements and research would have followed exactly in the footsteps of the old. There's probably an opportunity to combine the best of the old and the best of the new to devastating effect.
Hmmm, when you put it that way it does sound very tempting.
>>
No. 520201 ID: 256d52
File 137250819583.png - (13.72KB , 600x400 , check_big_heart.png )
520201

>I wonder if there's any way to check in on your golem servants and the mini-drake from a distance. Can you tell if they are still waiting? That's somewhat worrying actually, what if someone came across them and tried to steal the main piece of your heart?
My senses as a dungeon are much vaguer and imprecise compared to what I can perceive with my other body and they are dulled since I don't have a dungeon.

But looking at the other side of myself, I'm still there and guarded thankfully.

The mana loss disrupted my golems though. I don't have enough mana to reanimate them presently, particularly since-

!

My gold!
>>
No. 520202 ID: 256d52
File 137250833563.png - (14.31KB , 600x400 , noone_stole_the_precious_things.png )
520202

Oh wait, it's over there on that table.

>well now, it seems they treated you instead of taking you apart for studies. And you woke up in a bed instead of chained to a dissection table. I guess you misjudged them, they deserve an apology.
...I suppose you're right.

>I think we may luck out- Merud seems far more interested in understanding what you are (and how you work?) than in trying to steal your heart for power (not that you have much at the moment anyways). I doubt the first thing they'll do is try to take you apart- too much risk of permanently damaging or destroying something they don't understand yet.
I think you're right about him, but those alternatives you present are hardly comforting.

>I think we should get up and speak with them. Find out what they know about dungeon hearts, and why nobody's used the term Labyrinth Game in two thousand years. Was the Calamity Age the time when dungeon hearts were still active, and they ALL burst like yours when it ended? Did someone disable all the hearts at once via some massive spell or curse? If that's the case then we are in big trouble.
Again, I didn't exactly have the opportunity to see much first hand, but there were wars and hmm- the sky. There was something wrong with the sky.

>No offense Deem, but I do not believe deceit is an art you are well practiced in. And you are almost literally wearing your heart on your sleeve.
Well, I will have to hope that honesty can see me through then. I am going to find the golemeters and talk with them to find out about the Age of Calamity, golemetry and dungeon hearts. Is there anything else I should or shouldn't speak to them about?
>>
No. 520203 ID: 7b57ba

ask for a pair of pants.
>>
No. 520204 ID: f2c20c

>>520202
Ask about current events, and the state of the world. Is there a lot of war going on right now? Also, how would people react if you set up your dungeon relatively nearby? Would they try to destroy you to remove the source of the monsters, or would they participate in the Labyrinth Game like in ages past? Don't tell them where we'd plan to do it. You might also ask about ways they have to recover Mana. Maybe you can just use something to recover it? Hey, maybe we could... ask them how the bank in town would react if we asked to sit in their vault for a little while to regain some mana.

Maybe you can ask how people dungeon crawl nowadays. It would suck if we designed our dungeon around old concepts that no longer apply, resulting in a dungeon that's too easy to traverse.
>>
No. 520208 ID: 19b3c3

>Is there anything else I should or shouldn't speak to them about?
I wouldn't give away the location of the rest of your heart, or how well it's guarded (don't make up obvious lies about how well it's defended, just don't mention where it is).

They don't necessarily need to know how a dungeon works, either. The means of managing the dungeon game, and using it to harvest mana are your concerns, not theirs. To say nothing of the fact that some humans may be upset or disturbed by the death involved in the process.
>>
No. 520209 ID: ec2e47

>There was something wrong with the sky.
What are the normal features of the sky?
>>
No. 520215 ID: bf54a8

>>520209
there WAS. past tense.
>>
No. 520216 ID: 9ddf68

you could ask what happened after you blacked out, A brief refresher on what happened since you've been out, just the cliff notes will do, and of course see what they know about golom making/crafting just to see how different it is from yours.
>>
No. 520217 ID: bf54a8

ask if any other dungeons are still active or if they are all shut down.
>>
No. 520267 ID: b64ef2

for now, just announce you're awake. what we'll try to keep from him depends entirely on how much he knows.
>>
No. 521965 ID: 256d52
File 137310317685.png - (10.10KB , 600x400 , boldy_explore.png )
521965

>Ask for a pair of pants.
What would I do with those?

>What are the normal features of the sky?
Around that time, moon vanished and there were strange lights in the sky during the night. I did see there was only one moon when I was travelling here.

>I wouldn't give away the location of the rest of your heart, or how well it's guarded (don't make up obvious lies about how well it's defended, just don't mention where it is).
Noted.

>They don't necessarily need to know how a dungeon works, either. The means of managing the dungeon game, and using it to harvest mana are your concerns, not theirs. To say nothing of the fact that some humans may be upset or disturbed by the death involved in the process.
It used to be that as long as one person could get out, they'd be able to revive their companions.

Time to find the golemeters. I open the door and-

"Is that you Deem? We're downstairs!"

...does he have wizard ears as well? That man is frighteningly perceptive.
>>
No. 521966 ID: 256d52
File 137310336490.png - (15.37KB , 600x400 , now_is_the_talky_time.png )
521966

I find them having breakfast and take a seat.

>You could ask what happened after you blacked out, A brief refresher on what happened since you've been out, just the cliff notes will do
"Morning Deem, are you feeling alright?"

"I've been better." I say. "What happened last night?"

The girl speaks. "You freaked out, tried to cast a spell and then you fell over bleeding everywhere."

"Kallia!"

"'s true."

Merud takes over the story. "We couldn't just leave you lying out on the street so we brought you inside and tried to treat you. It was touch and go for a while there - we were afraid your body might destabilise completely. Sorry we frightened you, but why did you come here?"

"Frightened? Oh no, I just was, uh, caught unaware." I tell him. "I've only been awake for a few days. When I got here, the guard at the gate asked if I was looking for the Golemeter Guild so I decided to take a look at it."

"Ah, that's probably my fault." Merud says. "I've made one or two golems in the past and sent them around the town trying to see if I can make one that is convincingly human when spoken to."

Well, that does explain that.
>>
No. 521967 ID: 256d52
File 137310353992.png - (17.56KB , 600x400 , let_me_tell_you_about_golems.png )
521967

>And of course see what they know about golem making/crafting just to see how different it is from yours.
I mention that I came here to find out whether golemetry had changed since I'd last been awake.

Merud seems more than happy to give a full on lecture. Kallia sighs.

"Golemetry is action. What we do is bring motion out of stillness and make, out of the unalive, something that aspires to life.

"Creating a golem is reifying an order. A golemeter reorganises insensate matter and accrues it together into structures and mechanisms to perform a single task. It's a problem that many apprentices face early on: they exceed the scope of the commands they can create. They might try to create a golem that is 'Do as I say', where they should begin with something simpler in scope."

"The mana provided by the golemeter provides the motive force to the mechanisms of the body, but what provides volition? Where does the golem's mind come from? It's something I've been researching."

"There is a school of thought that holds a golem is essentially mechanistic. It operates on a (potentially very complex) set of laws which mediate between the golem's primary command and its current situation. They can perform some complex actions, depending on the skill of the golemeter creating them, but only within the confines of the task they were created for. Even if this is true, is it possible to create a golem that could convince someone it is a human being? And if so, is it really self aware? Is there some transcendent quality needed for true intelligence, and can it be instilled in a golem?

"What command, what argument, what task is needed to make a golem sentient?"

Interesting but he clearly could go on all day if I let him. Also he's looking at me again and it's making me a little uncomfortable.

"Before you get too excited, I'm not a golem. I created this body for myself when I woke up."

"But that's just as interesting!" he says. "You created a golem that is an interface to a mind? What command did you create it with?"

"I... I don't know." I say. "I just made it."

"You don't know? Is it some sort of innate ability? Can you make other golems? Could you make one right now?"

"I'm almost out of mana."

"Ahem." Kallia breaks in. "Before we go off on wild tangents, what exactly are you Deem?"

"A dungeon of course."

"Aren't you a little short to be a dungeon?"

"Wait, a sentient dungeon?" Merud breaks in. "That, hmmm. I've never heard of that. A dungeon heart is basically a big bundle of magic channels to provide a control hierarchy for a dungeon... but a nervous system? What an amazing thought. You're a pile of impossiblities, Deem."
>>
No. 521968 ID: 256d52
File 137310360236.png - (13.24KB , 600x400 , make_him_an_offer_he_cant_refuse.png )
521968

I have an idea.

"Well, you could help me set up a new dungeon and then you'd be able to teach me about golemetry and study my golems as much as you like."

...

I think I broke him.

MERUD EMETTER HAS BEEN RECRUITED
>>
No. 521969 ID: 256d52
File 137310373061.png - (13.14KB , 600x400 , girl_talk.png )
521969

>ask if any other dungeons are still active or if they are all shut down.
"You don't seem very surprised by a dungeon heart, so I assume there's still dungeons around?"

Kallia shoots a glance at Merud and then answers. "Plenty of them. It's one of the best ways to gather mana for making enchantments. Not to mention with a little care the monsters it spawns can sometimes be farmed for reagents. There's the money side too. Running a dungeon and adventuring are said to be shortcuts to gaining personal power as well. Dungeon hearts are hard to get though. The Dungeoneer Guild almost has a monopoly on them."

>Ask about current events, and the state of the world. Is there a lot of war going on right now? Also, how would people react if you set up your dungeon relatively nearby? Would they try to destroy you to remove the source of the monsters, or would they participate in the Labyrinth Game like in ages past? Don't tell them where we'd plan to do it. You might also ask about ways they have to recover Mana. Maybe you can just use something to recover it? Hey, maybe we could... ask them how the bank in town would react if we asked to sit in their vault for a little while to regain some mana.
"Well, depends on the dungeon. Some are pretty proactive about managing the monster spawns, while others just want mana at all costs. Not to mention plenty of monsters outside means any adventurers have been softened up. Makes trade tricky though. Obviously one putting a lot of people in danger isn't going to be tolerated and, well, that's when the Harrowers step in."

"As for wars and things, there's a lot of saber rattling going on between the Empire of Leogadia and the Witchocracy of Vaya. They've even been sponsoring adventurers and relic hunters to beef up their elite units and magical armament in case it comes to war. I guess if you were a dungeoneer in these sort of times you'd either be doing very well, or going out of business."

I've talked enough for the moment. I can easily ask Merud about the Age of Calamity later. I suppose I should think about what to do next.

The options that jump most readily to mind are trying to recover mana, exploring the rest of the town, seeing if I can recruit more people to help build and defend my dungeon, and perhaps even spending some of my precious gold - as much as I hate the idea - on things to make that easier. They all seme worth looking into, so I should set my priorities.
>>
No. 521971 ID: 32868f

>>521969
what is the Dungeoneer Guild?
>>
No. 521974 ID: 76b151

Few questions to consider. Though these can be done on the journey to the mountains.

1) Harrowers?
2) Dungeoneers Guild?
3) Ask about the locations you sensed, the gold under the city, the ruins and the mountains. As your new recruit IS going to be accompanying you he will most likely tell his friends about your location so revealing it amongst a possible 3-4 other locations won't hurt as much.
>>
No. 521987 ID: 9b57d3

>>521969
Kallia isn't technically recruited. Ask what she's gonna do now that Merud's coming with us.

As for what to do next, let's... try to recover mana somehow, first off. You're almost out, and that's a bit of a dangerous situation. Second, explore the town. We don't know if there's anything worth spending money on, and who exactly would we hire to help construct the dungeon? I thought you could just carve out tunnels yourself. Do you need help making traps? Someone who can make magical traps like teleport mazes or shifting walls or illusions would be neat.
>>
No. 522003 ID: 83e3b1

does he mind adding his cash to your pile? we only use it passively after all so he could just take whatever he needs out of it. assuming he'll be moving in with us.

ask the gal if she'll also be joining. if not, you don't want to mention the broken irreparable heart thing near her. but I think him you can trust with the information, now that you have his curiosity boner raging, and you need his help with it anyways.
>>
No. 522009 ID: bf54a8

if you are ever to spend gold it would need to be on something that makes an incredible deal or would be extremely rare to just find. like, a mana proof bowl, you place your heart in it and your leaked mana pools in it instead of dissipating, letting your maximum storage ability go way up.
>>
No. 522026 ID: cf49fc

>>521969
Ask him if he knows of a material that can store VAST quantities of mana.
>>
No. 522040 ID: 735f4f

Ok this Dungeoneers guild worries me. Before you fell asleep or whatever were there other sentient dungeons? Or are you the only one you know of?

It makes me worried that someone might be enslaving your fellows or possibly had something to do with what happened to you.

On the other hand if all dungeon hearts are sentient then they might be the real ones in charge of the guild.

So be careful of a nasty union coming after you once we set up shop. If they have a monopoly on dungeons then they might not take kindly to someone outside the guild.

Also do you have any idea where dungeon hearts come from?
>>
No. 522078 ID: 9ddf68

try and find a way to restore some of your mana, then explore the town a bit. I mean the whole reason we came here was t find that whatever it was that attracted us here in the first place so we might as well try and get that done.
>>
No. 522107 ID: bf54a8

>>522078
not sure we can recover from this end.
>>
No. 522134 ID: 19b3c3

>What would I do with those?
Wear them? Although I'm not sure what practical purpose clothes would serve for your golem avatar. I suppose they might might help you fit in- make you appear more human. The usual practical and social reasons don't apply.

>...does he have wizard ears as well? That man is frighteningly perceptive.
That or the door was warded to watch for you. There is another golem face / ornament above the doors. A simple and sensible precaution. I'm sure you use your own means to keep yourself aware of everything going on in your dungeon- why wouldn't a wizard do the same in his home?

>recruited a wizard
Nice. Well done.

>1) Harrowers?
>2) Dungeoneers Guild?
Yes, ask about these. They sound like external organizations using dungeons for their own purpose, and putting down dungeons they deem a threat.

The problem we may encounter is that we are independent. As such, established powers using dungeons to their own end may wish to harness us, remove the competition, or otherwise make a nuisance of themselves.

>recruiting town to aid the dungeon
Hmm. In some ways having a dungeon nearby (but not too near) could be a boon to the town, couldn't it? You could use the dungeon to harvest mana, but others can harvest reagents and other things from the monsters created. And adventures who travel to participate will pass through the town, bringing trade and business (trade and business you could even invest in yourself, tapping into another source of gold). In many ways, it could be a mutually beneficial arrangement. Much better than competing with, or endangering the settlement.

The tricky bit is setting up things right.

One thing to look into might be the town's library or records. There must be maps or surveys of the nearby mountains. That would greatly aid us in selecting potential sites to set up the dungeon.
>>
No. 522157 ID: 47a120

The dungeon guild worries me. Guilds protect their monopolies violently. We should avoid their attention until we are better established, then we could look into working with them / against them (depending on what we find out). This means no joint venture with townies anytime soon as it will alert the guild of someone trying to usurp their position.

And it sounds like people actually believe that the hearts are mere tools, a useful lie for the guild to maintain (or maybe their modern hearts are mere tools, or maybe they are enslaved... who knows). We are currently immensely vulnerable to people who specialize in dealing with dungeon hearts and should avoid coming within the sight of any dungeoneer guild member.

PS. remember we came to find out what the deal is with all the fuzzy feeling gold here.
>>
No. 522388 ID: a9614c

you mentioned that you remember people poking you and figuring out how to reproduce your functions early on right? its likely that dungeon hearts have been reverse engineered, and that the guild is building mindless dungeon hearts. you may be the last living dungeon heart in the world. last of your kind issues aside, hopefully that means we have some unique abilities. You should get a list of everything modern dungeons can, and can't do.
>>
No. 522427 ID: d0a0a2

>>522157
This. I think the Dungeon Guild would like try to harvest our Heart for their own means.
>>
No. 523710 ID: 256d52
File 137355796938.png - (16.91KB , 600x400 , at_least_three_hands_confirmed.png )
523710

>Kallia isn't technically recruited. Ask what she's gonna do now that Merud's coming with us.
"How about it Kallia? Want to come too?"

"Tempting, but I'm only six months from completing my apprenticeship and finally making journeyman rank like Merud here. Not going to throw that away. Going to be boring until old Master Okum gets back from his trip though, might give you two a hand until you leave town."

>what is the Dungeoneer Guild?
I suppose I should ask a few more questions after all.

Merud seems recovered. "They're a guild who specialises in constructing and operating dungeons." he says. "They're fairly insular. It's quite difficult to get in."

>Harrowers?
"An organisation of adventurers who destroy dungeons. They're fairly respected - they go after ones that are too close to civilised areas or that are being run by would-be evil overlords. Their more hardline elements have a nasty reputation though."

>As for what to do next, let's... try to recover mana somehow, first off. You're almost out, and that's a bit of a dangerous situation.
Yes. This feeling of void inside me is troubling. I don't even have enough mana to recreate my golems.

There is only a small piece of my heart in my golem body so placing it with some gold wouldn't be very effective. I will consider what else might be done. If all else fails I can trudge back outside and bury my heart together with my bag of gold.

>Second, explore the town. We don't know if there's anything worth spending money on, and who exactly would we hire to help construct the dungeon? I thought you could just carve out tunnels yourself. Do you need help making traps? Someone who can make magical traps like teleport mazes or shifting walls or illusions would be neat.
They provide skills and specialties I do not have. Certain traps, mechanisms and other special dungeon effects. Acting as my champions or capturing and taming beasts to serve me. Creation of treasures to stir the earth-power and lure in offerings to the Labyrinth Game. And these all need food and shelter and entertainment when things are quieter.

>Hmm. In some ways having a dungeon nearby (but not too near) could be a boon to the town, couldn't it? You could use the dungeon to harvest mana, but others can harvest reagents and other things from the monsters created. And adventures who travel to participate will pass through the town, bringing trade and business (trade and business you could even invest in yourself, tapping into another source of gold). In many ways, it could be a mutually beneficial arrangement. Much better than competing with, or endangering the settlement.
You certainly make it sound like an appealing idea. I will consider this.

>The dungeon guild worries me. Guilds protect their monopolies violently. We should avoid their attention until we are better established, then we could look into working with them / against them (depending on what we find out). This means no joint venture with townies anytime soon as it will alert the guild of someone trying to usurp their position.
Hmmmm, that is a worrying counterpoint.

>And it sounds like people actually believe that the hearts are mere tools, a useful lie for the guild to maintain (or maybe their modern hearts are mere tools, or maybe they are enslaved... who knows). We are currently immensely vulnerable to people who specialize in dealing with dungeon hearts and should avoid coming within the sight of any dungeoneer guild member.
And that. I tell Merud my concerns and he frowns.

"You might be right." he says. "You'll be found out sooner or later, but it might be best to stay quiet while you're getting set up."
>>
No. 523712 ID: 256d52
File 137355811922.png - (12.69KB , 600x400 , this_plan_cannot_fail.png )
523712

>Ask about the locations you sensed, the gold under the city, the ruins and the mountains. As your new recruit IS going to be accompanying you he will most likely tell his friends about your location so revealing it amongst a possible 3-4 other locations won't hurt as much.
Sensible but mana first!

>Ask him if he knows of a material that can store VAST quantities of mana.
You mean like my heart? It's superior to anything I've ever encountered. If the mana inside me was at the same density as the semi-liquid mana leaking out, my heart would be much, much larger.

Still, it's worth a shot. I describe my mana woes. Merud looks thoughtful for a moment then ushers me downstairs into the basement. It's dim and slightly damp. there's a slightly spicy, musty smell in the air. It's not entirely disagreeable. There's some devices scattered around on the benches and dormant golems too. He points out one device to me. There's mana imbued in the fluid? Some sort of potion?

"What is it?"

"It's a mana battery. We keep them down here because they discharge slower underground. I thought you might not have seen one before. This type was invented after the Calamity. They're not a very efficient means of storing mana, but they're useful for making temporary golems without needing the golemeter to be there. It probably will work for you as well. We'd normally design the golem to have attachment points to connect the mana battery to, but you've got some magical ability, so you should be able to concentrate and complete the connection yourself. If we grab some cables you should be able to hold them and I can use the battery to force mana to cycle through your spell channels and let it accumulate in your heart."

>Does he mind adding his cash to your pile? we only use it passively after all so he could just take whatever he needs out of it. assuming he'll be moving in with us.
"Speaking of mana," I say. "Will you be keeping your gold in my treasury once I have created my dungeon?"

"I don't see why not." He's off in a corner grabbing coils of some sort of metal braid off a bench. "Sit on that bench over there and hold these. One in each hand." I wrap the wires around my wrists a few times to be safe and raise myself onto the bench.
>>
No. 523714 ID: 256d52
File 137355840264.png - (23.81KB , 600x400 , charging_mah_mana.png )
523714

"Just close your eyes, and concentrate."

He connects the cables to the mana battery.

I can feel it. The mana effuses out of its supended state in the liquid container and enters the cables. They must be alloyed with a noble metal. I close the connection, allowing it to circulate through my spell channel and seek the return path through the other cable to complete the loop. But it needs to pass through the gnawing emptiness in my heart to get there and my hungry heart can pull some of it free, into me. Yes, I can feel the warmth of mana.

It tickles.

>>recruited a wizard
>Nice. Well done.
It was definitely one of my better ideas.

>Ok this Dungeoneers guild worries me. Before you fell asleep or whatever were there other sentient dungeons? Or are you the only one you know of?
Before my long sleep there were other dungeons like me. Not many. I felt them sometimes, when I dreamed. There were other eddies in the earth-power, but they weren't the same. No ghost in their crystal shells.

>Also do you have any idea where dungeon hearts come from?
...

!
>>
No. 523715 ID: 256d52
File 137355857636.png - (33.44KB , 600x400 , i_accidentally_the_whole_thing.png )
523715

Oops!

Look what you made me do I slipped up and stopped concentrating and agh that's all my channels and it really really feels weird!

Boss Mode activated, specify transformation details!
>>
No. 523717 ID: 76b151

I want to say wings, because wings are cool. But claws that can easily chew through stone and metal would probably be a better idea.
>>
No. 523718 ID: bf54a8

darker rock hair extends to appear as though wearing full plate armor, and a crystalline sword grows from the hand. as power increases the toughness of material goes up, such as changing from common stone to stronger harder versions.
>>
No. 523719 ID: 23b97a

>>523717
Wings might be an interesting option, but Deem is connected to earth, not sky. And presumably boss mode is intended to be used inside the closed confines of a dungeon crawl / game.

...golem girl / giant spider hybrid! Grow a little taller, gain claws and fangs, and eight giant spider legs sprout out of our back. Good for mobility, keeping our smaller core and body out of reach, and for reaching and stabbing attacks or acting as a collection of blades for parrying lots of attacks. We can stand either vertically (on our human legs, using the extra limbs as arms) or horizontally (using the spider legs as legs).

...try not to damage the room or Merud in the transformation.
>>
No. 523720 ID: 5d4146

Something tells me we would have encountered this issue at some point in time, we just got it early now.
Hrm.
Wings are oh-so tempting, and they really do look awesome. But they also necessitate a big, grand 'throne room' for you to fight in, to be utilized to their best advantage. But really, isn't that part of the game anyhow?
That said, considering what we already have availible... I'm thinking fast, dodgy, with a mixture of magical tricks and ranged attacks.
I'm thinking either a monkey-ish form, with the earlier claws and tail, suited for climbing, with the caveat that we build a room suited for that sort of battle for this body, or maybe something more 'carnival based' where you're an acrobat or something swinging around, while the adventurers have to navigate around various pre-set traps.
>>
No. 523721 ID: c31f72

Hows about some extra arms and meaningless glowing symbols?
>>
No. 523722 ID: bf54a8

guys, earth creatures are usually big slow, and absurdly strong. they just tank all the damage some can dish out then turn them into a pancake in a single blow.
>>
No. 523723 ID: 933f92

No matter the new form, it needs a womanly figure and larger breasts.

Why?

Because.
>>
No. 523726 ID: 23b97a

We also need to be like ten feet tall. Gotta be ready to take on a whole room of adventures at once.

>>523722
Playing strait tanks is kind of dull, though. It's so much more fun to be fast and strong, so you can she that crushed look on their faces when they finally land a hit on you, only to discover you're not made of glass.
>>
No. 523727 ID: 76b151

I kinda like the drider idea. As long as it can wall-climb for that added mobility.
>>
No. 523728 ID: f5680f

>>523723
A mature, motherly woman can be perceived to be more powerful than a young lady. It makes sense.

>>523715
Whatever you do, you need more armor plating. Also a crown.
>>
No. 523731 ID: 87f756

I think taller, curvier with longer hair and more stone armour plates sounds good. Maybe oversized strong arms and a tail to assist fast agile movement? Alternatively a spear of some sort.

Add in some golden runes leading to your eyes for when you have enough mana to shoot eye laser beams.
>>
No. 523742 ID: 9ddf68

I want to say you grow about 2 to 3x larger then you are now and become covered in armor that makes you 2x stronger and more durable without sacrificing speed... and then I read that spider idea and I'm thinking we can combine the 2 so your boss mode also gives you far better mobility as well (especially if you can wall clime). Even if it doesn't just make the 'feet' of the spider legs somewhat bladed to it will at least give you 6 more ways to attack someone.
>>
No. 523748 ID: 60bf07

On move-speed, we should probably be able to move at least as fast as a human to avoid that thing where the .

If we are going with extra limbs we should get a second pair of arms while we are at it. Even if we don't have the concentration ourself to normally attack with multiple arms at once, we could probably use golem-magic to make them semi-autonomous. Also, hands are much better to have on arms than blades*, as hands can hold weapons (which then are easier to swap or upgrade) while being much more versatile in general.

*Unless you can get enchanted ones that are significantly more powerful then weapons you could use
>>
No. 523764 ID: 47a120

>523710
To clarify, I actually hope the dungeoneering guild is on the level and that we could just join them. The do exactly what we planned on (peaceful coexistence and exploiting monster spawning positively)

I am just saying that if they are not, then getting found out early would be fatal.
And if they are on the level then we actually are in a better position for negotiating membership once we are properly established.

Oh, and that harrows info is useful. Avoid establishing a dungeon too close to town or else they go after you.
>>
No. 523765 ID: 47a120

>>523715
same size, covered in glowy lines, faster/stronger.
>>
No. 523769 ID: cf49fc

>>523715
I suggest a colossus. Too often do Bosses go for the small fast thing. Adventurers ARE small and fast, so you're playing to their strengths. Play to their weaknesses, pick a form too large to be easily injured with light weaponry.
>>
No. 523780 ID: 2f4b71

>>523715
>Boss Mode
This of course means 80's Business Suit Mode.
>>
No. 523783 ID: 00d635
File 137358333040.jpg - (118.67KB , 870x742 , Immagine.jpg )
523783

>>523715
Why not combining all? 4 huge arms that can be used to clinmg, cover and act spidery and a tail to strike quick? also, I'm painfully tired, if wrote weird stuff don't insult me
>>
No. 523790 ID: cf49fc
File 137358470006.jpg - (57.27KB , 1024x578 , Berzerker Asura.jpg )
523790

>>523783
Uhhhh... *Ahem*
>>
No. 523791 ID: e3aff6

>>523780
Best armor theme? Best armor theme.
>>
No. 523792 ID: 2fc3e9

Guys I have an idea

Put the entire dungeon heart into Deem for Boss Mode

Have her be a colossus

Deem becomes the dungeon in Boss Mode


There will be 80s business suits, of course. A giant bank/dungeon genius loci wearing a 80s business suit.
>>
No. 523793 ID: cf49fc

>>523792
I vote for this!
>>
No. 523795 ID: e3aff6

>>523792
But being the dungeon is what we do by default in normal form!
Besides, boss mode implies the adventurers have traveled close to the end of your dungeon, which would make them start the fight right next to the colossus-dungeon's weak point.
>>
No. 523796 ID: 2fc3e9

>>523795
So move around the insides so the end's further away from them.

Set a point where Boss Mode is activated such a distance from the end. When Boss Mode activates, the rest of the labyrinth moves around that one spot, putting the end further away.
>>
No. 523798 ID: 2fc3e9

>>523796
Mmm. Feels a bit like cheating. Have the way to the checkpoint be more about battling monsters and the way to the end after the checkpoint more about navigating the maze and avoiding traps.

Monsters drop reagents, so even if they can't get to the end from the checkpoints, they still get their reagents.

Although we'd have to include an option to exit whenever you wanted.
>>
No. 523799 ID: 47a120

>>523792
Disconnecting our dungeon heart from the proper mounting in a dungeon (when we finally build one) would be catastrophic as it will deny us the majority of our power.
>>
No. 523802 ID: 2fc3e9

>>523799
So we make the mounting mobile.
>>
No. 523804 ID: 47a120

>>523802
wouldn't that have the same effect as being taken out of the proper mounting, aka, massive reduction in manaflow?
If you could maintain full mana flow in a mobile platform then nobody would ever have bothered with a non mobile platform.
>>
No. 523809 ID: 2fc3e9

>>523804
Why? They might fear theft. They might not have thought of it, or considered it beneath their dignity. Alternatively, the other dungeons might already have mobile platforms.
>>
No. 523811 ID: e3aff6

>I should just mention now that I need to remain stationary to gather mana with any effectiveness.
Right near the beginning of this thread.
>>
No. 523812 ID: 2fc3e9

>>523811
I doubt moving briefly and then staying still again would hurt us much.
>>
No. 523813 ID: c31f72

Can we not turn into a form bigger than the basement we're in? We've just made friends with these people and destroying their building would kinda be bad.
>>
No. 523835 ID: 47a120

>>523809
>Why?
This is the biggest vulnerability/problem of dungeon hearts, solving it can't be this easy.
>They might fear theft.
How does being able to move make a dungeon heart make it easier to steal money from their vaults? Or are you suggesting the preposterous idea that someone will steal the dungeon heart itself? Because aside from being ridiculous, not being able to move makes it harder to resist being kidnapped not easier.
>They might not have thought of it, or considered it beneath their dignity.
We were explicitly told that we had to be properly mounted in a fixed location to generate mana properly.
The crippling inability to properly generate mana while relocating is a glaring and well known issue. If deets knew how to do this she would have while we were traveling to this city.
>Alternatively, the other dungeons might already have mobile platforms.
Maybe the dungeoneering guild has mobile dungeons (I doubt it), but in our time and with our knowledge this was impossible, so solving this issue is going to be more difficult and require more inventiveness than a simple "just do it"
>>
No. 523921 ID: 00d635

>>523790
Oh,I didn't meant to copy, I just conined every suggestion that far...also Ashura is awesome!
>>
No. 523926 ID: f0357f

>>523798
>Monsters drop reagents, so even if they can't get to the end from the checkpoints, they still get their reagents.
We should have 'vendor chutes' so that adventurers can be stupid and give us free reagents for magical stuff in exchange for a smidgen of our gold, which we get back after killing or robbing them blind or subjecting them to a convincing illusion of an IRS agent.
>>
No. 523927 ID: f0357f

Guys, we only just unlocked our FIRST Boss Form.
There will be opportunity to design a different Boss Form later, including our Final Form.
>>
No. 523975 ID: 87f756

>>523927
And then the Final Final Form.
>>
No. 523976 ID: 76b151

>>523975
And then our True Form.
>>
No. 524005 ID: cf49fc

>>523976
And then the Secret True Final Form only unlockable if you enter the Konami Code by twisting a nondescript statue in a secret room in the shattered ruins of the capital of the old world, which is the only way to get the Golden Ending.
>>
No. 524041 ID: cc2e78

Don't forget the ultra secret optional god mode boss form.
>>
No. 524052 ID: 4f7f15

>>524041
Or the DLC only boss form.
>>
No. 524081 ID: beeca1

>>524052
Whoa whoa. We're not evil here.
>>
No. 524087 ID: 76b151

>>524081
People want us to be BANKERS.

Of course we are evil.
>>
No. 524090 ID: f5680f

>>524087
I don't. It's not secure. Adventurers try to steal treasure from the dungeons they raid, don't they?
>>
No. 524094 ID: beeca1

>>524087
We already decided against being evil 'cos then adventurers actually try to kill us instead of farming us. No.

>>524090
And this.
>>
No. 524159 ID: f0357f

>if(Boss Mode)=(CEO mode)
>then(interview.new.interns)
>else(summon.board.chairmen)

The adventurers that make it to your chamber can decide to work with you, or suffer the wrath of your "investors".
>>
No. 524192 ID: beeca1

>>524159
That just sets BossMode's value to CEOMode.
>>
No. 524197 ID: cf49fc

>>524192
Should be
>if((Boss_Mode)==(CEO_mode))
>then(interview.new.interns)
>else(summon.board.chairmen)
>>
No. 524198 ID: f5680f

>>524197
Actually it should be:
>if((Boss_Mode)==(CEO_mode))
>then(interview(new.interns))
>else(summon(board.chairmen))
>>
No. 524232 ID: cf49fc

>>524198
What Language are we using again? I think I was using a mishmash of C++ and Java.
>>
No. 524459 ID: b9d767

If we don't at some point say "This isn't even my final form!" I will be sorely disappointed.
>>
No. 524461 ID: beeca1

>>524459
If we don't, I will be extremely happy.
>>
No. 524918 ID: 849089

think Bonzi.
>>
No. 525676 ID: 256d52
File 137429555336.png - (12.93KB , 600x400 , basement_location_confirmed.png )
525676

I'm trying not to do anything but the mana is stopped up and building and it needs to earth itself and - ah!
>>
No. 525677 ID: 256d52
File 137429562612.png - (17.88KB , 600x400 , this_is_new.png )
525677

>Claws that can easily chew through stone and metal
More tickling.

>and tail, suited for climbing
I remember this. Reinforcement magic.

>golem girl / giant spider hybrid! Grow a little taller, gain claws and fangs, and eight giant spider legs sprout out of our back. Good for mobility, keeping our smaller core and body out of reach, and for reaching and stabbing attacks or acting as a collection of blades for parrying lots of attacks. We can stand either vertically (on our human legs, using the extra limbs as arms) or horizontally (using the spider legs as legs).
Looks like I accidentally opened a channel for it. I flex them experimentally.

I haven't exactly had the opportunity to use it on myself before. At least not-
>>
No. 525678 ID: 256d52
File 137429573432.png - (32.77KB , 600x400 , not_ready_for_transformation_sequences.png )
525678

>If we are going with extra limbs we should get a second pair of arms while we are at it.
Hurk, I feel mana rushing through me!

>darker rock hair extends to appear as though wearing full plate armor, and a crystalline sword grows from the hand.
Ghrk!

>a womanly figure and larger breasts.
What.

>need to be like ten feet tall.
Hnnng!

>Hows about some extra arms and meaningless glowing symbols?
Agh.
>>
No. 525679 ID: 256d52
File 137429579725.png - (15.37KB , 600x400 , merud_man_of_action.png )
525679

Merud's wrestling with the cables and the mana battery. "Argh you stupid piece of crap, why won't you come off?!"

>I think taller, curvier with longer hair and more stone armour plates sounds good. Maybe oversized strong arms and a tail to assist fast agile movement?
Byooon

>make the 'feet' of the spider legs somewhat bladed to it will at least give you 6 more ways to attack someone.
Crrkle

>Add in some golden runes leading to your eyes for when you have enough mana to shoot eye laser beams.
Bzzzzz

>more armor plating. Also a crown.
Hrrrrrn

>a colossus.
ZORT

The mana connection is gone. Merud is coughing. "That, ah, that was unexpected. Are you alright, Deem?"
>>
No. 525680 ID: 256d52
File 137429601243.png - (32.21KB , 600x501 , not_impressed_by_these_shenannigans.png )
525680

"What do you think?" I say. It's gotten crowded in here and stinks of burning metal and chemicals.

"Well, you've maybe tripled in height; grown armour plating and a number of extra limbs; and you're covered in glowing synbols, the purpose of which I have not immediately been able to ascertain, but you're still in one piece and you're talking, so those are good signs."

"I think your hat's on fire." The front of his robe is looking a bit scorched too.

"I'm fine, it's just smouldering a bit." Merud replies. "Also I think I broke the mana battery."

Despite all that excitement I've regained a little mana. But that brings me to the other thing. "I lost focus for a moment and then the battery forced open a number of my spell channels, which made me chain-cast several random guardian reinforcement spells."

"Ah, really? Boss grade ones usually take a lot more setup. It's probably good I disconnected it when I did. I don't know if you have anywhere left to stick more arms."

"I'm thankful." I feel like a jumbled pile of stone and limbs.

"The good news is I think I know what your spell problem is now. It's because your heart is damaged from being in two pieces - you've got a lot of incomplete spell channels crossing the fault line that you can't control properly. When you tried to cast last night, you started leaking mana and you couldn't close it and just now you couldn't stop casting spells when mana was put through them. You're going to have to be very careful until we can map which of your channels are intact."

That fits with my own speculation.

Hmm, this transformation is going to take a while to wear off. What now?
>>
No. 525681 ID: c95833

Well, we rather overdid it, didn't we.

I think we'll have to design narrower, more functional boss forms more carefully. Preferably with some means to preview results. Maybe suited towards different purposes (speed, offense, defense, etc). Obviously we did too much at once, here.

Your options are limited at the moment. You can't exactly leave this room without destroying this structure, and running around town appearing to be a giant rampaging menace tearing it's way out of the local wizard's house isn't a good idea.

That means we're limited to discussion, or any tasks that can be accomplished in here (start that channel mapping maybe?).

If we've made a profit of mana, you could reactivate your other golems. Unless you planned on demonstrating how you do that to Merud.

...we could always apologize for damaging his facilities, as well. (Not that it was really your fault, but it would be polite).
>>
No. 525686 ID: cf49fc

>>525680
Ponder the metaphysical ways in which you could begin generating Mana again?
>>
No. 525687 ID: a23afd

>>525680
Well, you can't go out until the spells wear off. Or at least, until one or two of the size-increasing ones wear off. Can you help that along a little bit without spending much mana?

In the meantime I suppose we could ask about his other stuff in here. Hopefully it's not all crushed. You two could work on examining the broken spell channels on the edge of the heart fragment?
>>
No. 525689 ID: c31f72

Ask him how he feels about quasidragons. Also ask him if he can think of a name for our quasidragon. Because something that cute needs a name.
>>
No. 525690 ID: 76b151

Do you think you could invoke a spell channel that would let you shrink to a managable size? Without losing control that is.
>>
No. 525700 ID: 9ddf68

well out of all the transformations you just want through any of them you like or just the opposite dislike and what would you like to keep/remove for when you actually go boss in a real fight.
>>
No. 525709 ID: 2f4b71

So, we kind of have three options:
1) Fix the shard back into the dungeon heart
2) Find a way to remotely connect the spell channels between the two pieces, as the Mana channel is currently linked
3) Add 'loopbacks' to the spell channels, so that while Mana can flow between the pieces, each has their own local pool of spell abilities.
>>
No. 525722 ID: 9a8231

>>525709
Could you go into more detail with that third idea of yours?
Like, what I'm hearing is each and every channel we set to having it's own pool, and possibly it's own spells, like a 'slot' system. Could be really useful if we want to design a boss that's powerful, but can be cut down to size...Or maybe even a boss with the ability to split apart and come back together!
As for what to do...Maybe talk shop with Merud? Not like you're going anywhere without MASSIVE COLLATERAL DAMAGE! which would be bad.
>>
No. 525788 ID: 2f4b71

>>525722
I was thinking of it as a stop-gap. If out problem is Mana overflowing the shard and leaking into the unconnected spell-channels, then linking the local spell-channels to each other would prevent the Mana from getting into them uncontrollably. The downside is, without the spell channels being linked to the Heart, we'd be limited to whatever they could do locally. It's better than the current state of uncontrolled activation though.

>Too much Mana causes our golem to go Tetsuo
OK, Important safety tip there, thanks Merud.
>>
No. 525808 ID: c9176a

>>525680
Wait guys, we forgot the mst important thing!
Increased breast size!
GROPE SELF!
>>
No. 525812 ID: c95833

>>525808
Flat no.
>>
No. 525826 ID: da113d

...Something just hit me. What happens when it wears off?
will the pieces just fall off? 'vaporize' into mana? Explode violently? Might be a good idea to check if Merud needs to start running from the explosion, or if he could possibly do something with say, that crystal blade coming off the right secondary arm's hand, or some of the rest of this spare golem stone that's going to be lying around once this wears off.
If it's vaporize, maybe try and prepare to catch back some of the mana that's released if/when it does...
>>
No. 526805 ID: 360a3c

Did you gain additional senses? How hard would it be to figure out what happened to the rest of your heart? If it's missing somewhere you can locate and in a condition that you can easily reconnect it that might save unnecessary diagnostics to figure out the shape of a temporary limitation.
>>
No. 527723 ID: 256d52
File 137484590814.png - (26.96KB , 600x400 , not_a_fan_of_the_crown.png )
527723

>>525681
>Well, we rather overdid it, didn't we.
You did something?

>Your options are limited at the moment. You can't exactly leave this room without destroying this structure, and running around town appearing to be a giant rampaging menace tearing it's way out of the local wizard's house isn't a good idea.
>That means we're limited to discussion, or any tasks that can be accomplished in here (start that channel mapping maybe?).
Hmmm, yes. No matter how tempting a rampage is sounding at this point.

>>525686
>Ponder the metaphysical ways in which you could begin generating Mana again?
I could get some gold and bury it! Competition and conflict is good for stirring the earth pulse too, which is why the Labyrinth Game works the way it does.

>>525689
>Ask him how he feels about quasidragons. Also ask him if he can think of a name for our quasidragon. Because something that cute needs a name.
I already picked a name. I've named him Chakarchelou!

>>525690
>Do you think you could invoke a spell channel that would let you shrink to a managable size? Without losing control that is.
Reinforcement magic is about amplification and addition, so it's not really suited to it. There's a sort of... distillation... that can be performed once you cross a certain line, but I don't have the power to pull that off.

>>525700
>well out of all the transformations you just went through any of them you like or just the opposite dislike and what would you like to keep/remove for when you actually go boss in a real fight.
I WOULD REALLY PREFER NOT TO DWELL ON WHAT JUST HAPPENED. I'd love to stretch my limbs but I can't even sit up straight, argh.

Also this crown is silly.

>>525826
>...Something just hit me. What happens when it wears off?
>will the pieces just fall off? 'vaporize' into mana? Explode violently? Might be a good idea to check if Merud needs to start running from the explosion, or if he could possibly do something with say, that crystal blade coming off the right secondary arm's hand, or some of the rest of this spare golem stone that's going to be lying around once this wears off.
All spells that create physical material are classed as conjury, and conjury is impermanent. A permanent object would require the magus to perfectly visualise and recreate every single detail and property of the created object. It's nearly impossible.

>If it's vaporize, maybe try and prepare to catch back some of the mana that's released if/when it does...
That would be like throwing a glass of water at someone and then diving after it trying to catch some in your mouth. It doesn't work, and even if it did work it wouldn't be worth it.

>>525808
>Wait guys, we forgot the most important thing!
>Increased breast size!
>GROPE SELF!
Why would I do that?
>>
No. 527724 ID: 256d52
File 137484617518.png - (27.47KB , 600x400 , this_is_your_heart_on_fractures.png )
527724

>>525722
>As for what to do...Maybe talk shop with Merud? Not like you're going anywhere without MASSIVE COLLATERAL DAMAGE! which would be bad.
Yes, massive collateral bad. Magic talk now. Merud barely needs prompting.

"Every living thing has a system of spell channels," he says, "similar to the nervous system or circulatory system. They link the physical and the spiritual, allowing the translation of one into the other. With training, someone can develop specialised channels which are attuned to certain types of magic. The most specialised are single spells, optimised for very rapid casting. Magic allows someone to extend their channels to form connections outside of themselves and effect change in the world around them. This is powered by cycling mana from their internal reserves of mana through the completed channel.

"Natural processes such as eating, resting and breathing restore mana. It's a little counter-intuitive, but being active can speed up mana respiration as well. I've heard it likened to an adrenaline boost. Ah, but you don't really have any biological processes, do you?"

"I don't exactly sleep, though I can lose consciousness." I say. "As a dungeon you might say I breathe with my corridors - I connect to the world outside of myself with them. It's why a closed off dungeon is no good for generating mana. This body breathes too - it takes almost no mana to sustain if I'm at rest."

He looks intrigued "I might have to try that. Power sources for golems is a little tricky. I wonder if you could digest food too if you refined your body a bit..." He visibly restrains himself and returns to his impromptu lecture.

"As a dungeon heart, you have an incredible number of channels, although many of them are different from a human magus. Your problem is that your heart is in two pieces, which has broken some of the channels and damaged others. You have a number of channels still linking the two parts, otherwise one would probably be dead, inasmuch as you can die-"

"Hey!"

"Sorry. You also should have a number that don't cross the fault line. It's the cleavage that is the problem. Certain channels can't be closed and are leaking mana, and when we tried to force respiration the mana got diverted and activated other channels instead of replenishing your supply. It's a definite risk that you might randomly cast spells if the leakage rate increases. On top of that your body has a very simple system of spell channels to provide its animating force and it's not properly integrated with your heart. This might be why you had the cascade effect when you used magic on yourself."

>>525681
>If we've made a profit of mana, you could reactivate your other golems. Unless you planned on demonstrating how you do that to Merud.
I can cast it quite quickly so I'd prefer to keep the precious mana inside of me for the moment. I will consider demonstrating one to him before we leave. He's also gotten me very worried about casting anything with just my heart piece.

>...we could always apologize for damaging his facilities, as well. (Not that it was really your fault, but it would be polite).
"Uh, I suppose I should apologise for messing up your basement."

"No, it's hardly your fault."
>>
No. 527725 ID: 256d52
File 137484641440.png - (28.34KB , 600x550 , professional_golem_groper.png )
527725

>>525687
>Well, you can't go out until the spells wear off. Or at least, until one or two of the size-increasing ones wear off. Can you help that along a little bit without spending much mana?
No sign of that yet. And not really, no.

>In the meantime I suppose we could ask about his other stuff in here. Hopefully it's not all crushed. You two could work on examining the broken spell channels on the edge of the heart fragment?
Merud is thinking the same thing.

"Speaking of which." Merud says. "I think it's urgent that we find out how serious your condition is. There'll be a bit of interference from your active spells, but I can do a quick check right now." He seems uneasy. "I know you're very protective of it, but I need to touch your heart piece to do the examination."

"...I suppose." I say guardedly. I can, after all, just crush him if he tries anything.

He comes over and then problems.

"Could you bend over a little more?"

"I am bending over!"

"Easy now Deem, it works better if you're in a calm state of mind."

"I AM PERFECTLY CALM!"

Then, from the basement entrance:
>>
No. 527726 ID: 256d52
File 137484646587.png - (12.91KB , 600x450 , professional_eyebrow_raiser.png )
527726

"Do I even want to ask what's going on here?" Kallia says.
>>
No. 527732 ID: bf54a8

"injecting mana into a broken dungeon heart causes problems, merud's trying to fix them"
>>
No. 527734 ID: b1c062

"First off-it's not all Merud's fault. Turns out my mana channels are in a terrible state. I ended up like this from getting hooked up to a mana battery. It does work, but then I ended up like this."
This will keep things simple and prevent her from talking about things you won't get.
>>
No. 527735 ID: a23afd

>>527726
Magic gone awry, what's it look like?
>>
No. 527736 ID: 933f92

>>527726
"He's totally not fondling my rockboobs."
>>
No. 527739 ID: c31f72

>>527726
No. No you don't.
>>
No. 527787 ID: c95833

>"Do I even want to ask what's going on here?
Well about that...

>It's the cleavage that is the problem.
>>
No. 527789 ID: cf49fc

>>527732
Yes, we all know about Merud's "Mana Injecting" behavior, especially in the presence of golems. Teehee.
>>
No. 527809 ID: 60bf07

Merud is trying to fix our broken heart~
>>
No. 527830 ID: 9ddf68

dungeon heart surgery. why what does it look like?
>>
No. 527832 ID: 6a70ab

>>527736
This, this so much! Hahahahaha
>>
No. 528076 ID: 360a3c

Actually, that's a good question: Does a dungeon have a sense of humour? If she wants to make this kind of joke perhaps try this,
"Well, I'm pretty sure he's not fondling my rockboobs but perhaps you would know better than I do what's going on here, how I should participate and how much privacy we should have."
>>
No. 528184 ID: 256d52
File 137493359951.png - (23.09KB , 600x400 , your_guess_is_as_good_as_mine.png )
528184

"Do I even want to ask what's going on here?"

>>527735
"Magic gone awry." I reply to Kallia. "What's it look like?"

"What Merud gets up to with giant golems on his own time is his own business!"

>>527734
>"First off-it's not all Merud's fault. Turns out my mana channels are in a terrible state. I ended up like this from getting hooked up to a mana battery. It does work, but then I ended up like this."
>This will keep things simple and prevent her from talking about things you won't get.
I suppose I should explain. "It's not his fault. We tried to use a mana battery so I could fill up on mana, but because of the state of my spell channels I accidentally cast some reinforcement magic."

"Well, you certainly look more full." Kallia says.

"I feel more full too! It's fantastic!"

"Speaking of feels," Kallia says, turning to her fellow golemeter, "what are you doing, Merud?"

>>527809
>Merud is trying to fix our broken heart~
>>527787
>Well about that...
>It's the cleavage that is the problem.
I can answer this one too. "He's taking a look at my heart fragment, to find out why this," I gesture at myself, "happened. He said it's because of the cleavage."

Merud groans. "Deem... could you stop talking?"

Kallia just bursts out laughing.
>>
No. 528185 ID: 256d52
File 137493372281.png - (24.45KB , 600x400 , back_away_slowly_now.png )
528185

"Ah, anyway." Merud says, moving his hand. "The good news is that your condition's not as bad as I initially thought. There's not a lot I can do about the mana leakage at the moment, but you shouldn't have any accidental activations unless something accelerates the mana cycling through your body. You've got fairly strong affinities for earth magic, reinforcement, enchantment and golemetry. A lot of the channels are strangely incomplete though. It doesn't seem like recent damage." He trails off.

"I need certain structures in a dungeon to be built before I can produce certain effects." I say. "They complete the channel."

He frowns. "I suppose that would explain it then. Golemetry seems like it'll be fairly safe but the others are risky. So, uh, for the moment, try not to get too excited, steer clear of using magic if you can and cast carefully when you can't to avoid routing it through a damaged channel until we can come up with something more long-term."

"Great news!" Kallia says. "Anyway, I came down to your cozy love dungeon because I did some quick checks about who's around who might be interested in joining your little enterprise. There's two locals I could think of, and there's a few people who came in on the last ship who are, uh, let's say adventurer material, so you'd better get to them fast."
>>
No. 528186 ID: 256d52
File 137493379460.png - (21.63KB , 600x450 , character_select.png )
528186

Kallia summarises the options:

Tor Rokall: Catfolk hunter. Makes a living by finding dangerous animals and punching them to death. He comes by every few weeks to trade pelts.
He knows quite a lot about the local monsters and has tamed a few too.

Hin Ivac: Blacksmith and a good one. The stuff she makes can be enchanted. She's half ogre. She's been talking about moving and looking for more opportunities, but hasn't had much luck so far.

Izakikk: Actually got picked up by the ship in the middle of the ocean. Comes from the toxic jungles on the southern continent apparently? Place is full of bugs, monsters, deadly miasma and fungus. Is an absolute genius with potions and medicine, according to Seleni - she's the local apothecary. Currently staying with Seleni. Only speaks some weird tribal language.

Reisarf Silen: He's an alienist, so he's formed a pact with the unnameable things that live beyond the furtherest stars. It's very destructive magic. Alienists tend to pick up lost and forbidden knowledge from the Far Ones too. He's easy to spot. His staff is a, uh, thing. From far away. Young - he's out here because his village exiled him when he came of age.

Moriko Aritawa: Fighter from the east seeking her fortune. Pretty strong, as far as I can tell. Some sort of knight? She calls herself a 'hammerai'. Wants to prove the strength of her fighting style is good. Apparently wasn't well received off in the magical east.

I should be able to provide shelter and other necessities for three of them. I need a mix of people who can actively defend my dungeon, and people with useful supporting skills for the Labyrinth Game and general upkeep. Who should I prioritise to find and interview?

Boss Mode is starting to wear off! What is deactivated first?
>>
No. 528188 ID: 2f4b71

>>528186
>Boss Mode is starting to wear off! What is deactivated first?
We've already removed the crown, so the extra arms would probably be best. Let's try and keep the multi-purpose leg-skirt for as long as possible.

Hin Ivac: a Blacksmith is just generally useful to have around. And if she's looking for more opportunities, a Dungeon Heart with the ability to shape the rock and earth and a feel for the Earth Pulse could turn up some most interesting ores.

Reisarf Silen: Strong, intimidating to many, and we can explain a lot of unusual things about out dungeon by pointing at him and saying 'Alienist'. Plus lost and forbidden knowledge sounds useful.

Hmmerai: Because Hammerai.
>>
No. 528189 ID: bf54a8

let's say the big ass second arms. seem to take a lot of space.

let's go with Reisarf Silen, you can handle secrets that would drive mortals mad.

Hin Ivac, you can probably make some mean ass enchantments once we figure out how to do it right.

Moriko Aritawa, sounds like a good fighter if a little unorthodox.
>>
No. 528190 ID: 933f92

>>528188
Agreed on all points. Also, keeping the feminine assets would be nice too.
>>
No. 528198 ID: 751d87

Lose the boobs first.
Blacksmith, Hammerai, and Izakikk
>>
No. 528200 ID: b1c062

Either Secondary arms or just general size-if we shrink down to Deem's normal size, she probably will get to explore all her extra limbs here, as opposed to needing to wait until her dungeon is complete.

As for hires...
Hin Ivac just sounds too good to pass up. Blacksmith, plus oppertunities for enchantment, which is one of Deem's specialties? OH YEA!

Moriko Aritawa As tempting as she is (hammer wielder in an earth dungeon? NICE!) I can't help but wonder how much she can offer us that a golem can't provide. Then again, golems are taxing on the mana battery, so maybe she could be useful. Might provide an interesting variation to what's local around here, fighting style wise.

Reisarf Silen-weird mage makes an excellent cover for the differences between Deem and normal dungeon hearts. Besides which, who'd expect alien/star magic in an earth-based dungeon?

Tor Rokall[b] This guy has the advantages of possible minor gold generation on his own/ bringing in rarer/more monsters. That said? I don't know how much a monster is in comparison to a golem in mana upkeep, and he's...Lacking the cool factor somehow.

[b]Izakikk
Probably the worst sales pitch of the bunch. She can't talk, and she's good with potions...Which is only really all that useful if we need a doctor, which Deem won't. Now maybe we'll need a way to provide healthcare for our employees, but I suspect reinforcement magic means we won't be screwed if we don't take her.

I want:
Moriko Aritawa
Hin Ivac
Reisarf Silen
>>
No. 528205 ID: c95833

>What is deactivated first?
Size and/or the extra oversized human arms. That would net us the most mobility.

Spiderlimbs wear off last, because as we've seen in dis, so many cool things to do with 'em.

>hammerai
*Pff* That one's dangerous with words, I see.

>pick three to (try to) recruit.
Hin Ivac intrigues me. Enchanted gear is always a good thing, although we'll need things to wield them. I suppose golems could (although I hardly expect your basic models to be weapons masters). Can monsters be given enchanted gear? She might also be good for creating non gold prizes to tempt adventures into the dungeon game with.

I like the hammerai too. If she can pun like that, she's not just a dumb fighter. And pure fighting prowess is something our team is sort of lacking at the moment.

...and if we're going to stick with the idea of combining multiple sources of knowledge to devastating effect, the alienist is probably worth recruiting.
>>
No. 528207 ID: cf49fc

>>528186
Alienist, Hammerai, and Blacksmith.
>>
No. 528218 ID: 77f3f5

>>528186
Tor Rokall: Decent, might bring in new monsters for taming, should bring in extra gold. All in all, not a bad choice.

Hin Ivac: Blacksmith in an earth aspected dungeon just goes together like peanut butter and jelly. Also, she's half ogre makes it a more natural fit.

Izakikk: Alchemist/apothecary would be good if we were more nature aspected with mushrooms, oozes and carrion crawlers, but we're not. Also, the language barrier will be a problem.

Reisarf Silen: Looks to be good at research, I mean an alienist at such a young age with that kind of staff? He must have read and studied real deep man. Will be useful in finding out what's wrong with the heart and finding original ways to fix it.

Moriko Aritawa: Straightforward fighter I see. Looks to be a good team with Hin Ivac. Well we could use the muscle.

Ok go for Hin Ivac, Reisarf Silen, Moriko Aritawa

>>528184

First things first, Get rid of the the extra arms then try to get smaller.
>>
No. 528221 ID: 9f7acd

Lose the size and redundant arms first.

Tor Rokall, Hin Ivac and Moriko Aritawa seems like a solid team.
>>
No. 528238 ID: 9ddf68

I think we should get

Tor Rokall- If we still plan to set up shop in the mountains it would help to have someone who could get food for our more organic members of our little group. Plus he could help us with taming some of the monsters we're going to spawn.
Hin Ivac- for the reasons everyone else has been saying plus she's looking for a change of scenery, that could mean she'd be an easy recruit.
As for the third guy I can't decide between Reisarf Silen or Moriko Aritawa. Reisarf's powers sound useful but the part where he was banished makes me a little uneasy about him and Moriko just because I want at least one warrior in our dungeon. So either one will do.

Also get ride of you size first so we can actually walk out a door without destroying the building we're in.
>>
No. 528276 ID: 60ad76

>>528186
deactivate size first.

Tor Rokall first for expanding your troop size.
Moriko Aritawa second for active defense.
Hin Ivac third for the smithing and crafting.
>>
No. 528286 ID: 7e4b54

Oh my goodness I want all of them they're way too cute!

Anyway, since we're restricted to three, I guess I'll vote for Hin Ivac, Reisarf Silen, and Moriko Aritawa.
>>
No. 528296 ID: 888df6

Tor Rokall seems like a really good choice for handling the monsters produced by our setup, however we choose to manage them. So he's got my vote.

Hin Ivac and Reisarf Silen for the other two.

Moriko Aritawa is cool and all, but I can't help but wonder why she would want to join up. Her goal is fame and I don't think that meshes well with our desire to lay low for now.

Tor is clearly capable in a fight if he can punch monsters to death and I think one fighter Is enough, plus he's got utility going for him and the monsters we'll spawn as a matter of course should help him want to take us up on our offer.
>>
No. 528300 ID: d78743

Hin Ivac
Izakikk
Tor Rokall

But most of all I don't want the guy who might lead to those around us being driven insane.
>>
No. 528394 ID: f0357f

>>528348
>Lose one of the size-increasing enhancements. We actually want to go outside soon.
That reminds me, didn't we specifically increase breast size?
>>
No. 528402 ID: c95833

>>528394
It was suggested, yes. It didn't happen either because there was backlash in dis, or because Deem didn't want it to.

Or, more logically, everything that did happen is something we had a preexisting spell channel for- that Deem must have considered a useful enhancement at one time or another in the past. She obviously never saw the point in setting up that particular enhancement. :V
>>
No. 528416 ID: f0357f

>>528402
It did possibly(?) happen in the transformation update.
>>525678
>darker rock hair extends to appear as though wearing full plate armor, and a crystalline sword grows from the hand.
Ghrk!
>a womanly figure and larger breasts.
What.
>need to be like ten feet tall.
Hnnng!
>>
No. 528422 ID: 60fee2

>>528186
Hin Ivac
Tor Rokall
Moriko Aritawa
>>
No. 528486 ID: 256d52
File 137497729969.png - (8.77KB , 300x300 , advice3.png )
528486

>>528218
>Izakikk: Alchemist/apothecary would be good if we were more nature aspected with mushrooms, oozes and carrion crawlers, but we're not. Also, the language barrier will be a problem.
I doubt that'll be a problem for me. Like I previously said, I am amazing!

Also, just as a reminder, part of the purpose of having servants is to go outside of my core themes.

>>528200
>I don't know how much a monster is in comparison to a golem in mana upkeep
Essentially free! They need food and housing and possibly entertainment though. It also allows greater variety in enemies and tactics.

>>528416
>It did possibly(?) happen in the transformation update.
Yes. Yes it did.
>>
No. 528509 ID: b1c062

Ahhhh...
Hrm.
Well if the idea is to go AWAY from Deem's themes, we still want teh Alienist.
But, I'd like to suggest that if we do get the suit guy, we have lots of poison-type traps at the beginning, Deem herself is an Earth Dungeon-if she follows the sterotype she's gonna tend towards being tough and slow to bring down.
Catfolk man...Hrrm. I dunno. His bag being the whole 'punch things to death' is a bit closer than I'd like to say, a golem designed to punch things, he'd just be a speedy version, unless we can make fast golems as well...
Blacksmith-She was sounding so good, but if we want to move AWAY from Deem's themes, she...Does not bring much of anything good to the table, as far as I can think of. Maybe things like spike traps or the swinging axes thing.
Hammerai's case is iffy though. While she's probably a better change up fighter wise than the catboy, I can't help but wonder if the Earth=hammer use sterotype is true here. I'm gonna give her the benefit of the doubt, especially considering her being from the east, so with that said...
Hammerai Morito
Izakikk's Apothecary
Alienist Silen
are my choices.
>>
No. 528521 ID: 256d52
File 137498103845.png - (7.66KB , 300x300 , conflicting_advice1.png )
528521

>>528509
>Well if the idea is to go AWAY from Deem's themes, we still want teh Alienist.
>Blacksmith-She was sounding so good, but if we want to move AWAY from Deem's themes, she...Does not bring much of anything good to the table, as far as I can think of. Maybe things like spike traps or the swinging axes thing.
But then again, the other main reason to get servants is reinforcing my existing themes!
>>
No. 528561 ID: a23afd

>>528521
Dammit, fine.

>>528186
Lose one of the size-increasing enhancements. We actually want to go outside soon.

For recruiting:
Tor Rokall would be good for defense AND for base support since he can get monsters for us. He's also an adventurer type so he'll probably not be around long so talking to him first could be a good idea. Monsters are essential I think, so let's get him for sure.
Hin Ivac is just base support, probably? We might want to ask her if she's good in a fight. Being half-ogre, she probably is, but some measure of skill in combat is necessary too. Her being in the base helps us a lot, economically, and her wares can even lure in more adventurers. Also seems like a great idea.
Izakikk would be useful for medicine and trap construction- alchemy makes poisons! He seems like a straightforward base support recruit, and would be pretty important for medical care.
Reisarf Silen sounds only really useful for base defense? His alien lore might not be of any use to us depending on what it does, but investigating it could be worth our time, and it would certainly widen our scope!
Moriko Aritawa sounds like vanilla base defense. I'm not sure why she wasn't received well in the magical east? Is she against magic or something?

Prioritize, in order:
Tor Rokall, Hin Ivac, Izakikk, Reisarf Silen, Moriko Aritawa.

If we want loyalty beyond simple employment, taking in the outcasts and those wishing to prove themselves would be optimal. That would be Reisarf, Hin Ivac, and Moriko.
>>
No. 528565 ID: cf49fc

>>528521
I still vote Alienist-Blacksmith-Hammerai.

If the Hammerai founds a religion, they can call themselves HAMMERITES!
>>
No. 528571 ID: 77f3f5

>>528486
>>528521
Ah hell. How like a woman. Fine. I have stated what I wished to say and will stick to my decision.
>>
No. 528577 ID: 5fd94e

>>528565
I do like the sound of that.



Hin Ivac, Moriko Aritawa, and.............I'm not sure on the third
>>
No. 528663 ID: 6e1234

Tor Rokall
Hin Ivac
Moriko Aritawa
>>
No. 528674 ID: 10ca6c

>>528571
...The idiotic stereotype you just used aside, what she's saying is that both're considerations.

To make this an actual post, voting blacksmith, alienist, hunter. Not out of any sense of optimization but out of a desire to see interesting dungeon options.
>>
No. 528691 ID: b1c062

Hrrrm...I wonder if we should consider the whole we're forming instead of seeing it as how the parts fit together?
I'm thinking BlackSmith and Hammerai are a good combo (warrior+someone to make weapons), as is Catboy and Water Suit (beasts-someone to care for beasts). Cthu-stand-in mage boy is probably extra powerful, but doesn't really synergize...Maybe with Water Suit though.
And let's not forget the guy we already have, Merud. He's going to reinforce the Golem thing we've got going.
Still, I'm thinking now:
Hammerai Moriko
Blacksmith Ivac
Alienist Silen
Blacksmith I think would tie well into the laybrinth game and leaving prizes for adventurers to claim, plus making cool/better weapons for the Hammerai.
Hammerai reinforces physical combat and martial skill, I think, and synergizes with Blacksmith.
Alienist provides WEIRD STUFF and a powerful opponent.
That said, with that set-up we'll probably get 2-1 on combat versus puzzles, (blacksmith on puzzles, hamma and alien on combat.)
>>
No. 528695 ID: bf54a8

>>528691
alienist writes a book in DARK TONGUE, poor sap picks t up an looks at it, they enter their own personal hell.
>>
No. 528704 ID: e6fcea

I think having a beasthunter, potentially a beastmaster, would be useful to have. And a Blacksmith to make our own junk with can't hurt, right? Not sure about third pick, I guess the Alchemist.
>>
No. 528764 ID: 91c1b3

>>528691
pretty much this.
>>
No. 528807 ID: fabc9e

I would like these three:
Moriko Aritawa
Hin Ivac
Izakikk


I also like Tor Rokall, but he seems fairly local soo we can pick him up later. Deem is already good at taming monsters. Izakikk on the other hand might have a lot more abilities that Kallia just doesn't know about due to the language issues. If we INTERVIEW and speak to Izakikk ourselves then we might find out more about that person.

The alienist sounds strong, but I don't think getting involved with horrible elder forces is a safe thing to do. We'll probably get into more trouble or it might work badly with the Labyrinth Game.
>>
No. 528820 ID: 60ad76

>>528521
>Blacksmith
i would like to emphasis something.

ARMORED QUASIDRAGON.
that is all.
>>
No. 528858 ID: ad906c

Beast master, black smith, alien boy. Beasts can provide cheap minions and with his skill, any monsters made by the labrynth game we don't want can be poached for side cash. Black smithing can improve our mooks and offer both traps, puzzles, and prizes. A good combo.

The alienest can provide knowledge and boss class foes without putting one of our major workers in peril. The hammerie is all well and good, but we are just starting out and if we would need a healer to keep her fighting fit. Good second rounder, but not for the set up.
>>
No. 530084 ID: 68ac42

Hin gives us upgrades and shits. Who would fight w/o eqiup and who would crawl w/o items or a chance tO get some?

Izakkik gives us healongs. Who wants to be caught anywhere without a healing potion? Poisons are also nice to have. Then take moriko and make a triple combo: overhealing, regeneration or both with buffed armor along with a contact poison makes a great tank. Just think TF2.
>>
No. 530093 ID: 68ac42
530093

Alchemist: when is healing not a good thing? Always gunna nead healing. Just imagine a party without a cleric.

I think it's clear Ivac is in the clear, and because of the extreme utility of tools, armor and weapons with the bonus of enhcantments gives here a solid A plus. With ability to make traps make that a plusplus. Third I'm not so sure about.

As for the upgrades, size needs to go host, followed closely by aesthetics, such as the crown, the womanly figure and the glowing runes. Arms afterward

Correction: host means first. Hair extensions are part of aesthetics, if it will postpone further loss any longer. Replace arms with bladed legs first, then arms. Tail an spider legs and armor plates go last, in that order

Also, make sure the heart has legs or in corporate it into your own body next Chance you get. Have the larger section be your core and the share move up into a third eye.

Man, all those useless visual "upgrades" and not some sort of mana reclaimer or recycler to make use of your leaking fuel? For shame, priorities, people. ALWAYS focus on your vitals and essentials first.

Speaking of which, get a working battery asap so that your leakage can go into storage rather than the ground.

and run us through this whole earthpulse mechanic again. A refresher and then deeper detail.

Ah, yes, I forgot the stationary regeneration condition. Give the proper heart spider legs anyway, in case it needs to get up and run somewhere a golem can't. Frees up it's hands anyhow.

Materials from greatest to least earth conductivity. Also, got any aversions or special weakness we should know about? No weak ankles I hope.
>>
No. 530262 ID: 0046c5

I have no idea why you decided to post that many times in a row. I cleaned it up for you this time, but seriously don't do it again.
>>
No. 530297 ID: 68ac42

the ideas occurred to me at different times. Sorry, Won't happen again.
>>
No. 530309 ID: c770a7

Get the adventures first, we can always swing back and get the locals later.
So thats… Hammerai, Alienist (I think) and Alchemist. That gives us some time to swing by the Blacksmith and buy stuff from her long enough to keep her in town, wait till we get more room.

>>528561
>Tor ... He's also an adventurer type so he'll probably not be around long so talking to him first could be a good idea. Monsters are essential I think, so let's get him for sure.

I think you misread that. He's not one of the adventurers that shipped in, he's a local;

>>Deem
> Tor Rokall: Catfolk hunter. Makes a living by finding dangerous animals and punching them to death. He comes by every few weeks to trade pelts.
He knows quite a lot about the local monsters and has tamed a few too.

He comes by every now and then, so that's not a prob. We'll snag him then.
>>
No. 530311 ID: c770a7

*Deems post:
>>528186
>>
No. 530625 ID: 360a3c

Damnit, I want to take the ogre because a blacksmith would be really damn handy but the alienist is an absolute must (rare opportunity if they're persecuted enough to have short lifespans), a medic is pretty much required to keep a group of living beings in good shape, and the only sentients we've taken so far are all eggheads so we need the hammer-time lady then.
Make sure to leave cards with invitations to join your dungeon once you're better established, hopefully your apothecary will have so little to do they make extra trade goods to sell which will help us with the wealth acquisition necessary to support a better dungeon and more specialists. We really need all these specialists, the smith would probably be an excellent source of trade goods for income as well as tools, and it can't be overstated how much we could benefit from expert supplemental-aid with a menagerie of threat response options (which might also turn up some beasts of burden and livestock-finds while he's at it).
>>
No. 530648 ID: a1556e

I agree with poster above. If Blacksmith is leaving town I want her now.

Alienist, Blacksmith and Alchemist are my choices.
>>
No. 530664 ID: 82a945

Before I make my suggestion, I have to ask: Are we stuck with just three or will we be able to hire more at a later time? If we aren't permanently limited lets get all of them!

Lets do what that guy said. Hire the foreigners, and keep the locals local until we can hire them too. Lets keep the Blacksmith in town by paying her to some long lasting filler task or get her to do a job that requires her to order materials that won't arrive for months.
>>
No. 531034 ID: c3454d

>>528521
You are adorable, say that fungus, hammer and blacksmith
>>
No. 531147 ID: 8247d0

Apothecary, Blacksmith, Alien. Ist.
>>
No. 531161 ID: fd7000

Hunter: If we are going to have any monsters near town we will need a monster tamer to prevent... incidents.
Blacksmith: Always useful.
Alienist: Just because.
>>
No. 531244 ID: 68ac42

You guys do know we don't need the Blacksmith for enchantments right away:

>>528185
> You've got fairly strong affinities for earth magic, reinforcement, enchantment and golemetry.
>>
No. 531249 ID: 13d429

>>531244
There's always this: >>528521
>>
No. 531265 ID: c770a7

So, C-C-Combo Makers:

Tank Formula
-Hammerai is armored up, enchanted and armored by Blacksmith, boosted by Apothecary

Armored/Boosted Fellbeasts
-Tor brings in the beasts, Alienist modifies beasts, beasts boosted by Apothecary or Armored + Enchanted by Blacksmith.
>>
No. 531267 ID: cf49fc

>>531265
You have failed to notice an obvious one:

Doom of All Mankind:

Hammerai armored by Blacksmith, enchanted by Us, and modified by Alienist. As unstoppable as it is horrifying.
>>
No. 531268 ID: 68ac42
File 137558618055.jpg - (48.21KB , 445x450 , drugfree.jpg )
531268

I don't think he wants to risk personnel to the unspoken ones.
>>
No. 531270 ID: 68ac42

I don't think he wants to risk personnel to the unspoken ones.
>>
No. 531435 ID: 595f9e

Yes, that's all fine and well, but can she cook?
>>
No. 531683 ID: 68ac42

So far we have:

Furst Place
Blakschmitt Hine Ivan: 58 votes

Secgunt Place
Hammerai Morietta Areachatowel: 44.5 votes

Turd Place
Alienist Rienhart Silent: 37.5 votes

Consolaries
Apothecary Izaac klic: 24 votes
Beast Master Thor Rockwell: 24 votes
>>
No. 531993 ID: fa0e66
File 137581236939.jpg - (710.86KB , 1500x1500 , url.jpg )
531993

Alienist, Apothecary Beastmaster.
>>
No. 532015 ID: 360a3c

I've got it: 3++ plan, which should at a minimum get four:
We take the beastmaster, apothecary and hammerist with us.
We engage the blacksmith on a long-term contract to work and sell what our dungeon/mine produces that we send to town to sell (we should be getting some useful minerals like copper, tin, and other ores), and leave a golem with her as an advance with the option of moving in later once we're better established and can build a smithy, forge and foundry to her specifications.
We offer the alienist kid our protection, aid and teaching if he can wait until we're ready to host him within our dungeon, and offer to leave a golem with him as a servant if he accepts this offer.

This plan should get at least 4 of them, and the one I think it's least likely to get is the alienist. We're not sure what he's even good for so I think that works out.
Further, we'd be taking the three best suited to getting our dungeon started quicker with us (chick with a hammer can bust rocks, beastmaster guy could potentially provide food animals, draft animals and protection animals, and apothecary keeps everybody in good health so they can keep working).
>>
No. 532023 ID: 68ac42

>>532015
>We take the beastmaster, apothecary and hammerist with us.

>>528186
>Tor Rokall: Catfolk hunter. Makes a living by finding dangerous animals and punching them to death. He comes by every few weeks to trade pelts.

>>528807
>I also like Tor Rokall, but he seems fairly local soo we can pick him up later.

>>530309
>Get the adventures first, we can always swing back and get the locals later. So thats… Hammerai, Alienist (I think) and Alchemist. That gives us some time to swing by the Blacksmith and buy stuff from her long enough to keep her in town, wait till we get more room.

>>530664
>Hire the foreigners, and keep the locals local until we can hire them too. Lets keep the Blacksmith in town by paying her to some long lasting filler task or get her to do a job that requires her to order materials that won't arrive for months.

Tor is Local, we can get him anytime we want, we may miss the others if we put him in our starting line-up.
>>
No. 532025 ID: 41690e

Enchanted alien harmerai.
>>
No. 532027 ID: 68ac42

So far we have:

Furst Place
Blakschmitt Hine Ivan: 59 votes

Secgunt Place
Hammerai Morietta Areachatowel: 47.5 votes

Turd Place
Alienist Rienhart Silent: 39.5 votes

Consolaries
Apothecary Izaac klic: 26 votes
Beast Master Thor Rockwell: 26 votes
>>
No. 533756 ID: 256d52
File 137629506693.png - (20.21KB , 600x400 , getting_small_now.png )
533756

>>528188
>We've already removed the crown, so the extra arms would probably be best. Let's try and keep the multi-purpose leg-skirt for as long as possible.
>>528198
Lose the boobs first.
>>528238
>get rid of you size first so we can actually walk out a door without destroying the building we're in.
Ah, there we go. It suddenly is much less cramped in here. I feel small.

But! I can leave!

>>530664
>I have to ask: Are we stuck with just three or will we be able to hire more at a later time? If we aren't permanently limited lets get all of them!
Yes, I will be able to recruit more as my dungeon expands. But there's no guarantee they'll still be around.
>>
No. 533759 ID: 256d52
File 137629541396.png - (32.99KB , 600x500 , basement_discussion.png )
533759

>>528205
>Hin Ivac intrigues me. Enchanted gear is always a good thing, although we'll need things to wield them. I suppose golems could (although I hardly expect your basic models to be weapons masters). Can monsters be given enchanted gear? She might also be good for creating non gold prizes to tempt adventures into the dungeon game with.
Enchanted gear is very useful for the Labyrinth Game, both to attract people, and to arm the dungeon's guardians.

>>528200
>Hin Ivac just sounds too good to pass up. Blacksmith, plus opportunities for enchantment, which is one of Deem's specialties? OH YEA!
Yes, especially since it looks like she may not be around for long. I am definitely going to seek to recruit her first.

Now I'll consider the other options.

>>528807
>I also like Tor Rokall, but he seems fairly local soo we can pick him up later. Deem is already good at taming monsters. Izakikk on the other hand might have a lot more abilities that Kallia just doesn't know about due to the language issues. If we INTERVIEW and speak to Izakikk ourselves then we might find out more about that person.
He does sound like the safest bet as far as being around later goes. He would be useful for initially setting up, but I think I can afford to leave him for later.

Interviewing Izakikk is something I should consider.

>>528200
>Reisarf Silen-weird mage makes an excellent cover for the differences between Deem and normal dungeon hearts. Besides which, who'd expect alien/star magic in an earth-based dungeon?
I hadn't considered that. Magically he certainly would be very useful as a guardian and he might be able to find out useful secrets.

>>528807
>The alienist sounds strong, but I don't think getting involved with horrible elder forces is a safe thing to do. We'll probably get into more trouble or it might work badly with the Labyrinth Game.
The Great Far Ones are ancient and cool and unimaginably distant. They barely seem to notice us at all.

>>528218
>Moriko Aritawa: Straightforward fighter I see. Looks to be a good team with Hin Ivac. Well we could use the muscle.
>>528188
>Hammerai: Because Hammerai.
I am detecting a groundswell of approval for her. She certainly would be useful as a guardian. She might be able to train offers as well.

Currently I am thinking of choosing Hin, Moriko and Reisarf.

I talk this over with Merud and Kallia. Merud needs to make some arrangements before he leaves, so I'll interview the blacksmith on my own.
>>
No. 533760 ID: 256d52
File 137629547583.png - (11.27KB , 600x400 , sleeping_ogres.png )
533760

I've managed to find the blacksmith's shop on my own but I'm a little confused. The place seemed quiet but the door was a little ajar and, ah, here's the blacksmith? Blue skin? Might be half ogre mage.

...

I think she's asleep.

Maybe I should come back later?
>>
No. 533761 ID: 256d52
File 137629556350.png - (12.59KB , 600x400 , good_morning_hin.png )
533761

Wait no she's woken up! She mutters something then she see me.

"Agh! What are you doing in here?"

She takes a closer look at me. "Are you one of Merud's golems?"

I sigh. "I'm getting sick of that question."

"Is that a no?"

"Yes. My name is Deem. You are Hin Ivac? I was told you were a good blacksmith."

She suddenly straightens in her chair, whisks the bottle out of sight and puts a hand protectively on the letter.
>>
No. 533763 ID: 256d52
File 137629562830.png - (17.14KB , 600x400 , shop_talk.png )
533763

Hin gives a brittle laugh. "Sorry about the mess. I'm Hin. Are you looking to get something commissioned?"

That smile seems forced. It's making me a little uneasy.

How should I proceed?
>>
No. 533764 ID: 9ddf68

just tell her that you heard she was looking for a change of scenery and that you are part of a group starting a new dungeon and was looking for people with certain skills and heard about her and you came by to see if she would be interested.
>>
No. 533765 ID: 256d52
File 137629637738.png - (7.55KB , 450x500 , public_service_announcement.png )
533765

>>532027
Oh and for future reference, it would be useful if vote tallies had some semblance to reality.
>>
No. 533766 ID: bf54a8

"no, i'm looking to give you a fresh start. i've heard you were looking for opportunities, and i have a big one. how would you like to be the smith for a dungeon? a NEW dungeon."
>>
No. 533768 ID: 76b151

In a way Master Blacksmith. I am looking to hire you. What are your opinions on Dungeon Hearts and the Labrynth game?
>>
No. 533769 ID: a23afd

>>533763
I think you should be up front about what you want from her. Say that you are willing to hire her as part of a new, nonaffiliated dungeon and you are here to interview her. However, don't say that you're the dungeon itself, she might not believe you. Tell her about the environments we might have her working in, and what requirements she would have to ply her craft. Explain how the dungeon would work, if she doesn't know. Also tell her we would be pulling ores right out of the ground for her to work with.
>>
No. 533777 ID: e96ca9

As well as the offer to hire her as a Blacksmith, ask her about any nearby veins of interesting minerals and ores that could be more easily acccessed with the Earth Pulse's ability to reshape the land. Having a lucrative supply of, say, Mithril precursors would give us some nice financial stability in case the dungeon guild try some political maneuvering to cut off competitors to the Labyrinth Game.
>>
No. 533798 ID: 60ad76

>>533763
ask if everything's ok and say she seems troubled. ask if she got bad news and gesture towards the letter.
>>
No. 533807 ID: 41690e

...she was passed out, drinking, in the daytime, over the contents of a letter. A letter she's concealing. She's forcing a smile.

(Does this body come with a nose / sense of smell? Is there a lot of alcohol in the air?)

All together, that says to me like she's in a bad situation, or has received bad news. That may work to our advantage (desperate people are easier to recruit than stable and content ones), or it may cause problems for us.
>>
No. 533817 ID: e1609c

>>533763
Yeah, throwing my lot in with the therapist route. Our smithy looks like she's got troubles, and I doubt we can really overlook that yo
Ask her if she's willing to share what's going on
>>
No. 533818 ID: e1609c
File 137632648322.png - (968B , 16x16 , dungeon.png )
533818

>>533817
(also, new favicon to reflect the changes deem's gone through, prolly best to save it for the next thread)
>>
No. 533903 ID: 78a386

Ask why she wants to move. Chat a bit about Hin first.

Then lay out all the myriad advantages of working with you. Employment with very flexible working hours. No need to smile, she can act any way she wants as long as her work is up to scratch. Lots of materials to work with. Golem assistants. A no racial discrimination employer. Interesting colleagues. Magical powers everywhere. Getting to help pick who to hire next. The chance to watch people struggle on a regular basis. Incredible promotion opportunities. Cute pets. Gold. A once in a lifetime chance to become a part of something greater than just one person.
>>
No. 533960 ID: 76f779

>>533903
>No need to smile, she can act any way she wants as long as her work is up to scratch.
That sounds a bit personal. Try something more like "You get to act like an evil villainess whenever you feel like it, with golem minions that do your every bidding!"
>>
No. 534134 ID: 78a386

>>533960
I guess you could phrase it better. Maybe something like "No need for false pretenses. Be yourself."
>>
No. 534156 ID: 888df6

That's still kind of condescending.
>>
No. 534161 ID: 9f7acd

Let's hold off on the personal questions for a bit. Let's start off but saying we have a job offer.
>>
No. 534177 ID: af8414

Smile creepily.
>>
No. 534214 ID: c770a7
File 137644588152.jpg - (34.69KB , 500x375 , Woodworking-Workshop-Ideas-3.jpg )
534214

>>534177
>Smile creepily.

No, thats not how we PR or HR.

>>534161
>Let's hold off on the personal questions for a bit. Let's start off but saying we have a job offer.

Lets take this direction.

>>534134
>I guess you could phrase it better. Maybe something like "No need for false pretenses. Be yourself."

She should feel like she can be honest with us.

>>533817
>Yeah, throwing my lot in with the therapist route. Our smithy looks like she's got troubles, and I doubt we can really overlook that yo
Ask her if she's willing to share what's going on

>>533807
>...she was passed out, drinking, in the daytime, over the contents of a letter. A letter she's concealing. She's forcing a smile.

Steady now. This way a little bit, but dont try to get under her skin.

>>533798
>ask if everything's ok and say she seems troubled. ask if she got bad news and gesture towards the letter.

Okay, lets ease into this.

>As well as the offer to hire her as a Blacksmith, ask her about any nearby veins of interesting minerals and ores that could be more easily acccessed with the Earth Pulse's ability to reshape the land. Having a lucrative supply of, say, Mithril precursors would give us some nice financial stability in case the dungeon guild try some political maneuvering to cut off competitors to the Labyrinth Game.
>I think you should be up front about what you want from her. Say that you are willing to hire her as part of a new, nonaffiliated dungeon and you are here to interview her. However, don't say that you're the dungeon itself, she might not believe you. Tell her about the environments we might have her working in, and what requirements she would have to ply her craft. Explain how the dungeon would work, if she doesn't know. Also tell her we would be pulling ores right out of the ground for her to work with.
>In a way Master Blacksmith. I am looking to hire you. What are your opinions on Dungeon Hearts and the Labrynth game?
>"no, i'm looking to give you a fresh start. i've heard you were looking for opportunities, and i have a big one. how would you like to be the smith for a dungeon? a NEW dungeon."
>just tell her that you heard she was looking for a change of scenery and that you are part of a group starting a new dungeon and was looking for people with certain skills and heard about her and you came by to see if she would be interested.

>>533903
>Ask why she wants to move. Chat a bit about Hin first.

Then lay out all the myriad advantages of working with you. Employment with very flexible working hours. No need to smile, she can act any way she wants as long as her work is up to scratch. Lots of materials to work with. Golem assistants. A no racial discrimination employer. Interesting colleagues. Magical powers everywhere. Getting to help pick who to hire next. The chance to watch people struggle on a regular basis. Incredible promotion opportunities. Cute pets. Gold. A once in a lifetime chance to become a part of something greater than just one person.

Let's end on that note.

This is how I see this unfolding:


"It's alright, I get that today hasn't been the best, for you and me both. Yeah, I'm looking to hire you, but is it allright if I wet my throat first? I could really use a drink."

"So I hear your looking for a fresh start. I don't blame you. Is it the place or the people? For their sake they'd better have been treating you nice."

(after her response)

"Yeah, we all could use a little change in scenery. What did you have in mind?"

(after her response)

"Let me paint you a picture of where I'd like to see you in the near future.. Imagine you are on your own private smithy, access to your very own mines. They operate 24 hours a day; tireless prospectors work three shift days to haul in your ore. It's roomy, well-lit and well ventilated. Next door is your living quarters, and a complete bathroom thanks to that miracle that is indoor plumbing. On the other side of the hall is a fully stocked larder, so you don't have to interrupt yourself on a important project just because your craving a sandwich. Back in you workshop The dark masonry is covered in a plethora of tools, all evenly place and easy to reach. Measures, gauges, hammers, pliers, all hanging neatly in rows beside the framed images of your best designs. Everything you've only ever heard of, a few are so task specific you rarely get the opportunity to use them, but savor the experience when you do. A self adjusting backlit drafting is table off to one side next to shelves of enchantment texts, A series of specialized anvils on another. The bellows huffs furiously, a dragon who'll pump hellfire at your whim, and my personal favorite; The corner desk, cabinets stocked with a variety of imaginative means of disposing of the unfortunate supply of troublesome paperwork.

That is what I want for you. It's my hope that you'll want it too. You see, I've got this investment in the works, and it could definitely use skilled hands like yours. If I can, I'd like to invite you to say on for a few more days. Sleep on it, think it over. Once you have a clear head and your things in order, come by (tonight, tomorrow/xday evening) we'll have some dinner. Then you, me and your potential teammates can discuss the future over a few cold drinks. What do you say?"
>>
No. 534953 ID: 68ac42

Put some clothes on. We don't want any dungeoneers catching a glimpse of our hardware.

Make sure it's built classy and functional.
>>
No. 535904 ID: c770a7

Now that were on the subject of clothing, swing on by the discussion thread to discuss costume design!

http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/72355+50.html
>>
No. 536064 ID: 64270f

Be advised: Arhra has made an important post in the discussion thread: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/72355.html

Don't be overzealous about it, the last guy was banned along with the spammers he was complaining about.
>>
No. 536594 ID: 256d52
File 137718634524.png - (19.38KB , 600x400 , let_me_make_you_an_offer.png )
536594

>>533807
>...she was passed out, drinking, in the daytime, over the contents of a letter. A letter she's concealing. She's forcing a smile.
>All together, that says to me like she's in a bad situation, or has received bad news.
"Are you alright?" I say, gesturing to the letter.

The smile disappears. "I'm fine." Hin grumbles something to herself. Something about she didn't want to move to Urthgar anyway. A rejection? Lucky for me, but I think I shouldn't press it.

>>533768
>In a way Master Blacksmith. I am looking to hire you. What are your opinions on Dungeon Hearts and the Labyrinth game?
"No, I wasn't looking to get something commissioned. I was hoping to hire you. What do you know about the Dungeon Hearts and the Labyrinth Game?"

"The labyrinth what?"

Ah, right, Merud said that they didn't call it that any more. "Um, the thing with dungeons? And-" what did he say they were called? "-adventurers? You see, I'm putting a team together and-"

She cuts me off.
>>
No. 536595 ID: 256d52
File 137718642791.png - (18.60KB , 600x400 , she_hasnt_even_finished_standing_up.png )
536595

Hin puts both hands on the table with an emphatic thump and rises to her feet.

Ah, hmm. She's quite tall, isn't she?

"I should have known. If you're looking to put together an adventuring party, you've come to the wrong place." she says, looming and glaring at me. "I have no interest in becoming a murderhobo."

A what? Adventuring? I think I understand. I move my skirt of limbs into a new configuration and raise myself up.
>>
No. 536596 ID: 256d52
File 137718662908.png - (24.80KB , 600x500 , allow_me_to_explain_to_you_my_evil_plan.png )
536596

I'll play this casually.

"Oh no, I'm approaching things from the other side of the fence. I have a Dungeon Heart and I'm planning to start a dungeon nearby. But I need people to help me with it. A smith such as yourself would be invaluable."

"Right," she says skeptically.

>>533903
>Lay out all the myriad advantages of working with you
"Consider it a chance to make your perfect forge. Imagine it. You wouldn't be making ploughs and horseshoes and tools, but artifacts, forged from rare and strange ores hewn out of the roots of mountains and quenched in the earth's pulse. A private mine, golem assistants, a smithy built to your exact specifications. Seniority! Gold! Glory! A chance for greatness! Um, cute pets! Various types of anvil!" I think I'm getting through. I'll drop something big. I chuckle. "I could eventually even make a Primal Forge," I cast a sly look at her. "Although I doubt you would even be able to survive in one for long."

She's on guard again. "There's only six of those known to exist." Hin says flatly.

"Then it'll be the seventh one." I say.

"What kind of flim-flam are you trying to sell me here? You talk big, but how do I know you can deliver on any of this?"
>>
No. 536597 ID: 256d52
File 137718675794.png - (21.47KB , 600x400 , hin_sold.png )
536597

"Well, I've already convinced Merud to signed on?"

She whistles softly. "If you managed to slip anything past those wizard eyes of his, you're one hell of a shyster." She looks at me intently again. "Though something like you would get into his blind spot if anything could."

Hmmph, I'm not a thing. Time to make my point. "And also-" I lean forward and whisper one of the secret words of enchantment for severing and binding.

Hin leans back and looks at me for a long moment. "Alright, this is crazy. But I guess sometimes you need to go a little crazy. Going nowhere here. I'll sign on, for a little while at least. Follow your rising star, little golem girl, and see where it takes me."

HIN IVAC HAS BEEN RECRUITED!
>>
No. 536598 ID: 256d52
File 137718679937.png - (23.67KB , 600x500 , gravity_wont_get_you_high.png )
536598

That ended up working out well.

Boss Mode has ended!

Oh no.
>>
No. 536599 ID: 256d52
File 137718683114.png - (15.70KB , 600x400 , i_love_it_when_a_plan_falls_apart.png )
536599

Why does this keep happening?!
>>
No. 536600 ID: 256d52
File 137718701375.png - (13.12KB , 600x500 , i_get_knocked_down_i_get_up_again.png )
536600

Hin peers over the edge of the counter as I climb to my feet. "Are you alright?"

"I-I'm fine." I am ashamed. "I have to, uh, go now. To organise dungeon stuff! I'll come back here to tell you once I have a proper schedule worked out!"

Next order of business! Do I want to keep looking for people to interview, or do I want to take a look at the shops to see if they have anything that might be useful?
>>
No. 536602 ID: 76b151

We gotta find a way to make that permanent. That was too awesome.

Alright on to the next person.
>>
No. 536603 ID: e1609c

>>536600
I am personally voting for hitting up more potential employees, unless anyone can think up a good reason to go bargain hunting.
We MIGHT be able to find some legendary weapons or something for dungeon loot, but I doubt we could afford them.
>>
No. 536605 ID: 41690e

>>536596
Oh gods, devious spider-chair Deem is the greatest thing ever.

>boss mode has timed out!
...huh. We really need to code a proper warning for that into the spell-structure. Unexpected timing out was just a minor inconvenience in this case, but in an actual battle, it could be disastrous. You want to know it's coming so you can react appropriately and not be caught off guard.

>whisper one of the secret words of enchantment for severing and binding
Uh... that was supposed to be tantalizing her with secret enchanting information you could offer her, not enchanting or binding her to your service, right?

>next person or check the shops?
I would think what materials in the shops would be of use to you would depend partially on how successful your recruiting efforts are. Unless talking to people takes so long the shops are gonna close, I'd seek out your next potential employee.
>>
No. 536606 ID: 256d52
File 137718890094.png - (6.65KB , 300x300 , advice4.png )
536606

>>536605
>Uh... that was supposed to be tantalizing her with secret enchanting information you could offer her, not enchanting or binding her to your service, right?
Yes!
>>
No. 536607 ID: 41690e

>I doubt we could afford them.
Hmm. Well, actually, that brings up the issue of an exchange rate. We know what gold is worth to Deem, since it has an intrinsic value and a use. But we don't know what our gold is worth on the local market!

For instance, we don't know how long our stash of gold was lost before we claimed it (if we're lucky, it might have a higher purity than than local or modern coinage, and be worth more. Or the coins might have value as antiques, or rare specimens).

Worst case, it's modern coinage, and not particularly valuable in trade (meaning we use it for our own purposes).
>>
No. 536612 ID: 16c47c

Screw the shops. We need that precious gold to generate Labyrinth power. Let's go see Moriko next.

There's simply so much to tempt her with. One on one combat. Increasingly stronger opponents. Fame. A nice view from outside the dungeon. A skilled blacksmith on demand for the ultimate in hammer technology.
>>
No. 536618 ID: 9ddf68

saying we should hit up our next potential employee. so do we try and find the Hammerai next or do we go to the alienist? I think we should go towards the hammerai first since the alienist might have something to block us from enchanting him.

Also when said you could make a primal forge, did you mean it or where you just talking out your ass there, cause if you can make it that would put your dungeon on the map very quick.
>>
No. 536623 ID: af8414

let's go find that HAMMURAI
>>
No. 536625 ID: 64270f

I say cover up first, at least with some bandages. We don't want to be seen by the sleepy harrowers or the dun-DUN-DUUUNNNNgeoneers.
>>
No. 536627 ID: 64270f

Don't ignore the danger of being spotted by the wrong persons, its like ignoring an old Indian legend; you always regret it in the end.
>>
No. 536628 ID: 41690e

>>536625
There's no reason to assume any of those would be around here. No dungeon nearby, after all! (Yet).

And if we really needed to hide our identity, the best disguise is to pretend to be an ordinary, dumb golem. Clothes would actually interfere with that.
>>
No. 536636 ID: 64270f

>>41906e

YOU'LL SEE! YOU'LL ALL SEE. I hope the kachina get you for scarring our land, white man.
>>
No. 536690 ID: 64270f

Hey, Shouldn't her tabard change to our team colors by now?
>>
No. 536708 ID: 96c896

Well, I do thin we should see what's in the shops at some point. Maybe you could get some more normal-looking clothing so people don't think you're a normal golem?
>>
No. 536779 ID: 761017

The only think we need to hide is our Dungeon Heart!

Merud is a specialist researcher, of course he would treat such a rarity as an automatically friendly thing!

Other magical types can probably auto-recognize Dungeon hearts the same way, and would instantly be on guard!

We need a breastplate!
>>
No. 536837 ID: 68ac42

>>536779
Agreed. Cover it with clay at least, or push it further in you.


>>536599
même sur le plus haut trône du monde, nous sommes encore assis sur notre cul.
>>
No. 536839 ID: 41690e

>Conceal our heart
Okay, the thing is, we're not really at any risk from the people in this town. The only people who would recognize it for what it is are the golem mages, and we've already recruited one of them! And by the time we have an established dungeon, and if/when the guild and dungeon police eventually show up, I don't think a paltry cover-up is going to do anything.

>Cover it with clay at least, or push it further in you.
...considering how unstable and unpredictable our heart has proven, that seems a terrible idea. Modifying how the heart is set in this form while we're using it? We'll be lucky if all that happens is another bout of unconsciousness.
>>
No. 536840 ID: 68ac42

>>536838
how could we possibly know that for certain? Don't be too cocky. A hand full of clay could save us a whole lot of troubles. It hardly takes any effort, and it can't hurt any.
>>
No. 536850 ID: af8414

Easier to shapeshift when you're nude. Don't have to worry about breaking the armor when we accidentally activate boss mode!
>>
No. 537189 ID: 68ac42

On a relevant tangent, we should hire someone to be the face of our dungeon. Deem is no parts smooth or eloquent.
>>
No. 537190 ID: 41690e

>>537189
...and who would we trust enough for that?

Besides, she's learning quickly. She was much better in the negotiations just now than she was say, with the gate guard, or when she met Merud.
>>
No. 537216 ID: 888df6

>>537190
Not sure that's learning quickly so much as being far more deft at negotiating from a position of power, or at least security.
>>
No. 537234 ID: 68ac42

That halting ramble is no King's Speech.
>>
No. 537366 ID: 68ac42

Lets take a look at how Quasimodo is doing.
>>
No. 537760 ID: c770a7

Lets make stop and make SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats) and PEST (Political, Economic, Socio-cultural, Technological) analyses of our current situation. Then we shall outline the four steps of our OODA loop (Observe, Orient, Decide, Act).
>>
No. 537953 ID: 68ac42

It appears there is some sort of seal that is keeping your hearts apart. Look for something/someone that can unlock that for you.

And consider getting a lot of mana batteries, perhaps grafting on onto your proper dungeon heart to stop leakage, but leaving the circuit open to connect with your chest fragment.
>>
No. 539039 ID: 256d52
File 137813197602.png - (11.26KB , 600x400 , leaving_blacksmith.png )
539039

>>536605
>boss mode has timed out!
>...huh. We really need to code a proper warning for that into the spell-structure. Unexpected timing out was just a minor inconvenience in this case, but in an actual battle, it could be disastrous. You want to know it's coming so you can react appropriately and not be caught off guard.
It normally lasts for an entire battle.

>>536607
>We don't know how long our stash of gold was lost before we claimed it (if we're lucky, it might have a higher purity than than local or modern coinage, and be worth more. Or the coins might have value as antiques, or rare specimens).
Really? I didn't know that. I'll have to find out.

>>536618
>When said you could make a primal forge, did you mean it or were you just talking out your ass there, cause if you can make it that would put your dungeon on the map very quick.
I don't have anywhere near the resources, but I do have the knowledge.

>>536612
>Screw the shops. We need that precious gold to generate Labyrinth power. Let's go see Moriko next.
>There's simply so much to tempt her with. One on one combat. Increasingly stronger opponents. Fame. A nice view from outside the dungeon. A skilled blacksmith on demand for the ultimate in hammer technology.
I would hate to part with my gold, it's true. Those are good ideas. It seems like the hammerai should be easy to convince.

>>536605
>I would think what materials in the shops would be of use to you would depend partially on how successful your recruiting efforts are. Unless talking to people takes so long the shops are gonna close, I'd seek out your next potential employee.
Although there's no harm in looking once I've finished. I might get lucky, who knows?
>>
No. 539040 ID: 256d52
File 137813208323.png - (12.23KB , 600x400 , heart_worry.png )
539040

>>536708
>Maybe you could get some more normal-looking clothing so people don't think you're a normal golem?
>>536779
>The only think we need to hide is our Dungeon Heart!
>Merud is a specialist researcher, of course he would treat such a rarity as an automatically friendly thing!
>Other magical types can probably auto-recognize Dungeon hearts the same way, and would instantly be on guard!
>We need a breastplate!
I didn't think it would be so easily recognised but Merud did spot it right away. I-I don't know how much things have changed. It could be bad if it's spotted. There's too much I don't know with this Dungeoneer's Guild and that Harrower group.

>>536837
>Agreed. Cover it with clay at least, or push it further in you.
Wh-what?! I'm not doing that!!!

...

I'm going to the shops now.
>>
No. 539041 ID: 256d52
File 137813215928.png - (16.19KB , 600x400 , back_here_again.png )
539041

Have to grab my gold first.

I know the entrance to the golemeter guildhouse is a perfectly normal door, but it unsettles me. It makes me remember last night.

Merud opens the door almost before I knock.
>>
No. 539042 ID: 256d52
File 137813234315.png - (15.67KB , 600x400 , exposition_defeated_100xp.png )
539042

"Oh, that's good timing Deem." Merud says. "While I was packing I found a few things that I thought you might find useful, and I was about to go out and find you."

LOOT GET!
Satchel: This handy item gives Deem an inventory, which is a way for her to carry items without having to hold them in her hands. Amazing!

Bag of Gold: This is already Deem's and now she has it again. Deem senses exactly 532 gold pieces!

Crystal Lens: This mystical lens allows Deem to scan creatures, revealing some information about them!

Focus Medallion: A training aid for apprentice mages which resists the activation of spell channels. Maybe it'll help prevent Deem's misfires?

"I've managed to convince Hin to sign on." I tell Merud.

"That's good news." he says. "She's skilled but she's had a lot of trouble getting recognition for it. It'll be a good opportunity for her. Had any luck with the others?"

"I haven't seen any yet. I'll keep you posted."

Time to go shopping! I head to the town square.
>>
No. 539043 ID: 256d52
File 137813238078.png - (16.10KB , 600x400 , the_lunch_on_the_park_bench.png )
539043

It looks like the alienist is here too!
>>
No. 539045 ID: c770a7

Eye the thing on the park bench with the crystal. Expect little boy to go on about an omen of fate.
>>
No. 539048 ID: c90325

secure Focus Medallion over heart. Surge protection and Identity security installed.
>>
No. 539050 ID: 888df6

Quick, now's your chance to solicit that little boy so that you can bring him to your remote dungeon!
>>
No. 539051 ID: a0714e

> I didn't think it would be so easily recognised but Merud did spot it right away. I-I don't know how much things have changed. It could be bad if it's spotted. There's too much I don't know with this Dungeoneer's Guild and that Harrower group.

Going to shops for coverings, right? Poncho at least?

It would be silly to play it up for drama and then not do anything about it; it'd be like watching The Room: The Series.
>>
No. 539052 ID: bf54a8

yes try to put the medallion over it.
>>
No. 539056 ID: 07e3a8

Ooh, scan the alien / staff. First test of new equipment. Although I bet we'll just get a bunch of gibberish in this case.

Should we approach him? I'm not sure if it would be rude to interrupt his lunch.

>medallion on heart
...wait, that suppresses spell channels. Don't we sort of have active spell channels going right now? Like the ones used to integrate the heart fragment with the body it's driving? That sounds like a good way to short-circuit the golem body.

Also, really, the alien abomination from beyond time and space is going to recognize the dungeon heart for what it is even hidden behind a notice's charm.
>>
No. 539063 ID: 68ac42

Nobody listed "alien" as something we ought to be hiding from.

>>539045
"It is fate that we have met this day."
Who wants to bet ET loves eating Reese's Pieces?
>>
No. 539065 ID: 68ac42

Its more of a "may I join you" than "I am interrupting you now"
>>
No. 539067 ID: 96c896

>>539043
During the conversation, it might be worth your time to ask permission to scan his alien buddy/staff with the lens. Don't do it without permission; that's rude.
>>
No. 539068 ID: 29c179

>>539043
>>518514
EEK! SOMEBODY, CALL THE FASHION POLICE! Get these boys haircuts and less ridiculous hats!
>>
No. 539091 ID: 9ddf68

you could what till he's done eating then try to strike up a conversion with him and see if he'd be willing to join your dungeon.
>>
No. 539128 ID: 68ac42

So I'm guessing we're just going to leave that pile of limbs with Hin, then.
>>
No. 539197 ID: 16c47c

Do not scan elder horrors.

When asking questions consider asking the staff creature at the same time. (Hey do you two want to come play some fun games with me?") He might like you more if you show it some respect.
>>
No. 539240 ID: 68ac42

Seconding for talking to the eye on a steek respectfully. Also seconding asking permission to NSA stare at him.
>>
No. 539409 ID: 256d52
File 137830596438.png - (14.79KB , 600x500 , going_to_need_a_bigger_medal.png )
539409

>>539048
>secure Focus Medallion over heart. Surge protection and Identity security installed.
Noooot going to work.

It's too small. Also it's flat while my heart is curved, and how would it stay in place?

>>539056
>Ooh, scan the alien / staff. First test of new equipment. Although I bet we'll just get a bunch of gibberish in this case.
What's the point of doing that if I'm just going to get gibberish?

>medallion on heart
>...wait, that suppresses spell channels. Don't we sort of have active spell channels going right now? Like the ones used to integrate the heart fragment with the body it's driving? That sounds like a good way to short-circuit the golem body.
It's a practice bauble that makes it a little harder to cast spells. It doesn't do anything to existing ones.

>>539051
>Going to shops for coverings, right? Poncho at least?
I'd thought that was obvious.
>>
No. 539410 ID: 256d52
File 137830606207.png - (17.27KB , 600x400 , does_it_know.png )
539410

>>539067
>During the conversation, it might be worth your time to ask permission to scan his alien buddy/staff with the lens. Don't do it without permission; that's rude.
I'll leave it for now then.

>>539197
>When asking questions consider asking the staff creature at the same time. (Hey do you two want to come play some fun games with me?") He might like you more if you show it some respect.
Good thinking.

>>539050
>Quick, now's your chance to solicit that little boy so that you can bring him to your remote dungeon!
That's an idea I can get behind!

I start heading over.

"Good morning." I call to them. It's still morning I think? "I'm Deem. Do you mind if I join the two of you?"
>>
No. 539411 ID: 256d52
File 137830618075.png - (17.49KB , 600x400 , start_your_pitch.png )
539411

The alienist quickly chews and swallows. "Hello Deem, pleased to meet you. I'm Reisarf and this is Stargazer. Are you an adventurer?"

They're both looking at me with interest.

"Ah, no. I'm not an adventurer. Actually the opposite, I guess? I'm starting a dungeon and I'm looking for people to help me with it..." I trail off, looking to see what reaction I get.

He trades glances with Stargazer.
>>
No. 539412 ID: 256d52
File 137830620167.png - (14.89KB , 600x400 , won_over_by_the_spiel.png )
539412

"OK, we'll join you!"
>>
No. 539413 ID: 256d52
File 137830623305.png - (15.22KB , 600x400 , the_mission_was_a_complete_success.png )
539413

Huh.

That was easy.
>>
No. 539414 ID: c23ab0

I think that guy's got his eye on you.
>>
No. 539415 ID: 444423

Ooookay. Ask them if they have any special needs or wants or if they need time to gather stuff before coming with you, that sort of thing.
>>
No. 539416 ID: 07e3a8

>What's the point of doing that if I'm just going to get gibberish?
Science? I mean, hypotheses need to be tested, here.

I suppose the alien potentially giving us a nonsensical scan result isn't the best test of the equipment, but we can always test it later on our quasidragon, since he's more of a 'proper' monster.

>that was easy
Well, then, welcome aboard, both of you.
>>
No. 539418 ID: 1b3db9

>>539413
Looks like he's givin' you... the eye.

Ask about what an Alienist does, and what Stargazer's talents are.
>>
No. 539423 ID: bf54a8

the beings beyond probably said it was a good idea.
>>
No. 539452 ID: 28802c

>>539409
Gah, you should know better than to publicly detract from you own idea, exposed doubt is never beneficial! You never know what might work till you jinx it.

Why is everyone so quick to fall on their double edged swords?
>>
No. 539453 ID: 16c47c

Sit down, give him a welcoming pat on the shoulder and tell him you'll make an excellent team together. With that staff creature you got a sort of 2-in-1 deal with this guy. Rejoice!

We still don't really know exactly what he does, only that he's kind of powerful. Wanna ask what he contributes to a well kept labyrinth dungeon and if there's anything specific he or Stargazer want in return? Any particular lodging requirements? Comfy bed? Spare room? A good view of the starlit night sky?

When you're done just tell him to meet you at the city gates when you're about to roll out. Moriko Aritawa next!
>>
No. 539458 ID: 28802c

Library and Observatory sound like they'd hit the spot.
>>
No. 539477 ID: c50eae

>>539458
I have a question. How will be build an observatory underground?
>>
No. 539481 ID: bc8d67

Huh. That was suspiciously easy... I'd say better keep an eye on them, but any plan that the Far Ones have with them and you is almost certainly so long and tangled that it won't matter if you do watch 'em. Well. Onward to the tailor then.

>>539477
Illusion magic. Omni-directional optical input focus at or above the mountain peak, linked to an output below that projects above the surface of a spherical room, similar to a planetarium. Can double as a long-distance watchtower during the day if long-zoom is added to the input focus, and at night if heat- and dark-vision is added as well.

But that's a long ways off, so faking it with a night sky illusion would work to start.
>>
No. 539484 ID: 888df6

Wow, Deem is really good at negotiations!

Hey, maybe we should ask him to come along with us to buy clothes? It would be a good way to get to know him and his partner better and just look at his stylish hat! He obviously has excellent taste.
>>
No. 539485 ID: 68ac42

vvvvvvvvv

Mountain.

^^^^^^^^^
>>
No. 539493 ID: 68ac42

>>539477

The above message is for you.
>>
No. 539499 ID: bc8d67

>>539493
Put it on the summit? Hmmmm... Well, it'd need a real tall elevator to get up to or a hell of a lot of stairs, and probably defenses and guards to make sure nobody breaks in via it, either to sequence-break the dungeon crawl or get "behind the scenes," but it'd be doable. Possible boss fight site for the alienist, yes?
>>
No. 539500 ID: 0b3b98

>>539413
wait, im not seeing the GUY HAS BEEN RECRUITED! message we usually get. I'm worried this is a ruse
>>
No. 539501 ID: 96c896

Go "What, just like that?"
>>
No. 539508 ID: 3fe451

we were probably one of the first people to treat him decently, and acknowledge his friend as a person rather than a weird staff.
>>
No. 540578 ID: 256d52
File 137918012929.png - (16.55KB , 600x450 , the_eyes_have_it.png )
540578

>>539414
>I think that guy's got his eye on you.
...Yes.

>>539500
>wait, im not seeing the GUY HAS BEEN RECRUITED! message we usually get. I'm worried this is a ruse
Oh, um. I was a little distracted.

REISARF SILEN HAS BEEN RECRUITED!

STARGAZER HAS BEEN RECRUITED!
>>
No. 540579 ID: 256d52
File 137918018931.png - (22.19KB , 600x400 , noone_ever_tried_that_before.png )
540579

>>539501
>Go "What, just like that?"
"Stargazer likes you! I trust her judgement." Reisarf says. "She thinks you're interesting."

>>539481
>Huh. That was suspiciously easy... I'd say better keep an eye on them, but any plan that the Far Ones have with them and you is almost certainly so long and tangled that it won't matter if you do watch 'em.
"So this isn't some sort of deep plan?"

He laughs. "I know I should have, but I didn't really have a plan for what to do when I left my village."

I gesticulate in the vague direction of the sky. "Nothing to do with the things that are very far away?"

"No?" he says, straightening a little. "It's something most people don't understand about them. What the Far Ones want, what they hope for is to witness a miracle, something as rare as the dead being returned to life."

"Um, that happens a lot." I say.

"Does it?"

"...Yes?"

"The magic we call resurrection is an intervention. An evasion. The person either doesn't really die, or they're restored before all life has escaped. Break the circle and life ends. A miracle is, well, miraculous. It's something that can't be reproduced by just spending time and effort and material working at it. It's something that defies understanding, that stands against the laws of the universe."

I suspect I may want to keep him and Merud separated. I also suspect I am going to change the subject.
>>
No. 540580 ID: 256d52
File 137918023760.png - (23.76KB , 600x400 , so_you_actually_any_good_at_aliening.png )
540580

>>539453
>Sit down, give him a welcoming pat on the shoulder and tell him you'll make an excellent team together. With that staff creature you got a sort of 2-in-1 deal with this guy. Rejoice!
>We still don't really know exactly what he does, only that he's kind of powerful. Wanna ask what he contributes to a well kept labyrinth dungeon and if there's anything specific he or Stargazer want in return? Any particular lodging requirements? Comfy bed? Spare room? A good view of the starlit night sky?
"I'm sorry." I say. "I'm still feeling my way into this." I sit down next to him and his staff.

"I'm glad to have you on the team. Is there anything in particular you'd want or need in terms of living arrangements or similar?"

Reisarf swings his hand in a self deprecating gesture. "Oh no, we don't need much. Maybe somewhere to swim for Stargazer? A place nearby to look at the stars would be nice." He pats Stargazer on the head(?).

I nod. Those are easy enough.

>>539418
>Ask about what an Alienist does, and what Stargazer's talents are.
"I've heard a bit about you from others, but could you tell me a little more about what you can do? No-one seemed to know much about your friend."

"Stargazer's a chimerical staff, so she can change shape a little, and she helps me focus my magic. She's the one who taught me. I can cast some fairly powerful spells, but I do need to work on improving my aim. Aside from that it deals with distance, sight, a little transmutation and some shadow and water magic."
>>
No. 540581 ID: 256d52
File 137918028718.png - (20.18KB , 600x400 , shopping.png )
540581

>>539484
>Hey, maybe we should ask him to come along with us to buy clothes? It would be a good way to get to know him and his partner better and just look at his stylish hat! He obviously has excellent taste.
He's happy to come along!

We go into the shop of Lianna, I think the guard said her name was?

This is difficult for me. I still hate the thought of parting with some of my gold and I've never bought anything before.

"Ah, hello. I would like to buy one clothes."

She pauses for just a moment. "Ah, you're Deem, right? You're in luck, I just got some new stock in. Take a look and see if there's anything you like."
>>
No. 540582 ID: 256d52
File 137918031893.png - (33.36KB , 480x640 , wanton_nudity.png )
540582

Here goes...

Paper Doll Mode activated!
>>
No. 540583 ID: 256d52
File 137918191713.png - (39.09KB , 480x640 , wanton_nudity_bw.png )
540583

Annnd a black and white version, just in case people find it easier to work with.
>>
No. 540585 ID: f39bbc

I'm thinking a skirt that goes to the knees, a halter top, and a leather belt with pouches/hooks for carrying stuff. Footwear choices depend on prices and availability. I'm not sure about the colour: White would be impossible to keep white while traveling unless there's magic at work, and I'm not sure what colours go well with Deem's purple skin besides maybe red.
>>
No. 540586 ID: 07e3a8

Oh, neato. Two for the price of one. And the swimming thing is interesting. Didn't expect Stargazer to have a water affinity.

>I'm still reluctant to spend any of my gold
Well, if it's any consolation, a simple outfit shouldn't cost much at all. Unless you go for expensive materials, or something that would require a lot of craftwork to make.

Neither of which is a good idea, really. You're going to be working in the wilderness, and underground, possibly dealing with monsters and adventures and combat. And your own transmutations to boot! We want something functional, that can take all that.
>>
No. 540588 ID: 96c896

>>540586
I disagree with wearing clothes while working in the dungeon. There's no reason to. This is just for when we go out, to not get spotted by the Dungeoneer's Guild/Harrowers.

>>540582
Tank top and regular pants.
>>
No. 540589 ID: f2eec3

>>540588
you are right,a hood is needed too
>>
No. 540596 ID: f2eec3
File 137919344435.jpg - (28.64KB , 480x640 , 137918031893.jpg )
540596

>>540588
something like this, gloves and boots to cover your hands too
>>
No. 540611 ID: 68ac42
File 137920394484.jpg - (54.03KB , 300x298 , satnitfev.jpg )
540611

>>
No. 540615 ID: e1609c
File 137920762867.png - (38.79KB , 480x640 , deemdoll.png )
540615

>>540582
Decided to go with a bit of contrast with my design. Gotta love simplicity, yo. Not sure about the belt, so I'll upload a version without it in a moment
>>
No. 540616 ID: e1609c
File 137920776251.png - (38.73KB , 480x640 , deemdollw.png )
540616

doop de doo.
>>
No. 540618 ID: 96c896

>>540616
Generally, buttons do not go all the way down a dress unless it's like, a trenchcoat type thing. It just needs to come open at the top.
>>
No. 540620 ID: e1609c
File
Removed

>>540618
ah, thanks man! For whatever reason that knocked out the bit that I feel makes it look complete, so here's the final version.
Spider pin can go anywhere honestly, just felt like putting it in because we seem to be going for the whole spider queen motif
>>
No. 540622 ID: e1609c
File 137921388118.png - (38.50KB , 480x640 , deemdoll.png )
540622

>>540620
whoops, wrong version. collar wasnt supposed to be in there.
>>
No. 540624 ID: 256d52
File 137921565099.png - (34.12KB , 480x640 , deem_paperdoll_transparency.png )
540624

Oops, I should have put transparency on, huh?
>>
No. 540627 ID: 96c896
File 137921886648.png - (31.93KB , 480x640 , pompadeem.png )
540627

Tunnel snakes rule.
>>
No. 540630 ID: 5a5dd4
File 137922135024.png - (60.80KB , 500x650 , DM6.png )
540630

Deem is pretty in pink.
>>
No. 540635 ID: 76b151

>>540630
I like this one.
>>
No. 540636 ID: f63577

>>540630
I like.
>>
No. 540638 ID: d9ce78

>>540630
what, no cape?
>>
No. 540640 ID: 07e3a8

>>540630
Winner.

Although Archive's cute thing works surprisingly well.

>>540638
Capes are an air affinity thing. Deem ain't down with meddling sky-powers. :V
>>
No. 540641 ID: e34aeb

>>540630
love it!
>>
No. 540654 ID: e1609c

>>540630
Drat, looks like I'll have to concede defeat for now. Ah well, I'll find a use for that dress somewhere
>>
No. 540655 ID: 4f1dac

(old man mode: engaged)
Why are kids so enthusiastic about ridiculous, unsymmetrical outfits these days, seriously? A dress that goes below one knee, rises to bare the other hip and a thigh-strap pouch, and a loinflap that drops down to where she could trip on it is almost the ultimate way to make sure everybody's looking at Deem... when she falls on her face walking up stairs.
>>
No. 540656 ID: da4ec6

>>540655
Were this any other quest I would have agreed... but then again, our first employee wears an animated hat and our second employee wields an alien fish as a staff. We're the least silly-looking character on the team right now.
>>
No. 540657 ID: 77f3f5

>>540630
Excellent gear. Looks good for outdoor activities.

>>540622
Looks more for a city clothing, better for social occasions.

I wonder can we get both?
>>
No. 540660 ID: b0de07

>>540622
This is definitely my favorite.

>>540630
Has an overall good design but >>540655 is right. I'd say that if we go with this, we should go with a fixed version where the skirt's more even (have it all go down beneath the knee, and have the center strip stop just at the bottom so that there's only the bottom triangle poking out. Also, dump the thigh pouch and, if need be, just go with a second pouch on the belt and/or make the belt pouch(es) larger.
>>
No. 540691 ID: 26e322

I, for one, like the look of the modest asymmetry.
>>
No. 540692 ID: a36601

If we're only wearing it when we are meeting other people, go with this. (it'd be ill suited for working in, but is great for talking to people)
>>540622

If we wear it all the time, go with this.
>>540630

I personally like the first one better, but it looks like a pain to run/move around in.
>>
No. 540701 ID: 68ac42

Hey Arhra, what if we need to show details in the back of the costume?
>>
No. 540715 ID: 53f641

>>540630
I like this, though if we go with it we should length the other side. we can keep the asymmetry but we should not be showing that much leg. especially if part of the goal is to hide exatcly what we are.
>>
No. 540732 ID: 601ed3
File 137930129274.png - (43.15KB , 480x640 , deem.png )
540732

This is all we need.
>>
No. 540747 ID: d5a78d

>"Ah, hello. I would like to buy one clothes."
This is an awesome line and so very Deem.
>>
No. 540755 ID: 68ac42

backside paperdoll!, must show dorsal decals!
>>
No. 540756 ID: 786039
File 137934375276.png - (48.29KB , 960x640 , dd.png )
540756

Show some of our nature
>>
No. 540757 ID: 256d52
File 137934642427.png - (27.63KB , 480x640 , deem_paperdoll_back.png )
540757

>>540701
>Hey Arhra, what if we need to show details in the back of the costume?
Why you'd need some sort of back shot for that!
>>
No. 540763 ID: 2f4b71
File 137935328131.png - (31.26KB , 480x640 , Business!.png )
540763

Business!

I cannot into art.
>>
No. 540764 ID: e34aeb
File 137935364753.jpg - (89.22KB , 646x614 , DeemAss.jpg )
540764

>>540757
I Seriously wonder why...
>>
No. 540774 ID: 68ac42
File 137936214398.png - (42.65KB , 480x640 , STYLIN0.png )
540774

You guys, y'all are over thinking this. We ought to have a pair of Bruce Lee/Kill Bill pajamas that end at our rock anklets/arm braces.

We can enchant it later to camo, auto repair when we tear it open with legs and transformations, or if we want it to change shape or form, but this is the default. Comes in all sorts of colors, but I leave it white to avoid spamming.

>>540756
err... Thats a little loud and... suety.
>>
No. 540775 ID: 68ac42

P.S.- The Gold-shadow color works best for the stripes IMHO
>>
No. 540781 ID: 16c47c

A lot of these are really good. I only have one requirement - something that doesn't get torn apart when going BOSS MODE. It has to be possible to dramatically unfasten and throw the clothes aside in a single nonchalant motion before initiating a battle.
>>
No. 540785 ID: ad1bc3
File 137936995022.png - (58.20KB , 480x640 , somearabiannightsthingiguess.png )
540785

Gentlemen, ladies, we must keep an eye to the subject's talents. What are the foremost strengths of a dungeon? Magic, minions and wealth, those are our themes. Wealth is simple; rare fabrics, gold, jewels, the complexities of pattern and weave that say: "yes, I can afford to pay someone to waste all this time!". And yet more. Magic and minions. We need look no further than the fashions of those who wield magic, who are so practiced at such a thing! And what is it that mage's clothes say? The one statement to which their fashion returns? Why, it is the declaration of power that transcends the mere physical! We need the unusual, we need the strange and exotic, and we need... impracticality! Yes! The bare skin that says "Hurt me? You won't even get near me!" The restriction of motion that says: "Moving? I have people to do that for me!" I see veils! Hoods! MYSTERY! The one inadequate piece of armor, plate and pauldrons, that say yes, danger is anticipated... but THE POSSIBILITY OF TRIUMPH IS HERE AS WELL!! For this is no mere garment: this is an advertisement! COME, the gold says, find WEALTH!! COME, the veils say, uncover MYSTERIES!! COME, the bare skin says, find DANGER and EXCITEMENT!! For that is what these clothes must say! The statement which is given, the announcement, and the challenge, shouted to the heavens, the message of the Labyrinth Games!

COME AT ME, BROTHERS AND SISTERS!!!
>>
No. 540787 ID: 68ac42
File 137937062536.gif - (20.42KB , 480x640 , STYLIN2.gif )
540787

Prepared to be conquered, oriental barbarian!

Deeminitrix Regina Says:

Congratulations on obtaining your secondary citizen status, now join the military if you want any real rights.
>>
No. 540790 ID: 68ac42

>>540781
YOU.

>>540774
PAY ATTENTION.
>>540774
>>
No. 540791 ID: 68ac42

>>540785
Admittedly I do like this, but for going outside we ought to have a little less flash and jingle.

Mebbe we should have big ol' glolemeter robes.
>>
No. 540792 ID: e1609c

>>540781
That was actually a large part of why I designed my simple little dress thing the way I did. More simplicity, less rippability.
(though honestly, having the clothes rip off every time we go boss mode could be pretty effective as a whole "oh shit, shit just got real" kinda thing)
>>
No. 540793 ID: 68ac42

Prep for silly makeover-dressup montage....
>>
No. 540794 ID: 68ac42
File 137937196195.png - (82.31KB , 480x640 , STYLIN4.png )
540794

Got a 10 doller horse, 40 doller saddle...
>>
No. 540796 ID: 68ac42
File 137937232195.gif - (15.21KB , 480x640 , STYLIN2.gif )
540796

Regina Sans Chlamys
>>
No. 540797 ID: 4f1dac

Yo, gold is the source of our magic power and we don't have a lot of it at the moment. We also are buying clothes for the specific purpose of attracting less attention. What do the locals tend to wear? If the people we've seen so far are an indication it's concealing robes and shit like that.
>>
No. 540799 ID: 68ac42

so we wait on getting the more expensive pieces my critfriend
>>
No. 540800 ID: 68ac42
File 137937466336.png - (115.11KB , 578x837 , U2yKFmJ.png )
540800

You get a line, I'll get a pole--we'll go a'fishing in the crawdad hole,

Honey oh Baby Mine~!
>>
No. 540805 ID: e1609c

I actually designed the dress to work with the spider things, should do the back of it though as I forgot to mention the quick-clasps up the back that allow it to split away
>>
No. 540814 ID: da4ec6

Guys, right now we need something that isn't going to draw tons of attention, and preferably won't cost us a fortune.

My vote goes to >>540596.
>>
No. 540816 ID: 68ac42

>>540814
I concede... IF it comes in black. Altmode killbill suit I insist. ENCHANTMENT!
>>
No. 540818 ID: 68ac42

>>540615
or this if the triangles come in gold-shadow color
>>
No. 540864 ID: d1f1b7

I like this >>540785 too much not to vote for it, even though it might not be the most practical of choices.
>>
No. 540887 ID: 888df6

>>540630
Dah pinks for me.

Also, we can buy more outfits later if we want to.
>>
No. 540980 ID: dcd676

>>540622
In light of the fact that it's supposed to work with the spider limbs, I'm switching my vote to this. Gotta get dem spidey bits.
>>
No. 541013 ID: e1609c
File 137952526313.png - (35.72KB , 480x640 , deembackside2.png )
541013

>>540980
since I might have a chance after all, I was thinking something like this. The red circles are where I expect the legs to be coming out normally, and the clasp in the middle is designed to slip apart or tighten easily to allow for a wider range of movement or a tighter fit around the waist if necessary.
The buttons in the front are designed to come off with a pop as opposed to having to slip them through the fabric, which means its less likely to shred apart if we have to suddenly grow to ten times our original size.
>>
No. 541019 ID: 9ddf68

>>540622
I like this one
>>
No. 541027 ID: a36601

>>541013
Going with this 100% now.
>>
No. 541051 ID: 5a5dd4
File 137955377917.png - (178.30KB , 761x1000 , boss mode.png )
541051

If you want to roll like this, Archive, sure, we can roll like this.

The pink outfit works with all of the boss modifications other than the giant-ness, and there aren't really any outfits that would work with someone growing twice as big.

As shown back when Deem actually transforms, the spider legs attach at the back of the hip on kind of a weird skirt thing. Anyways, the point where the legs attach to her body is below the belt, and the wrap-style skirt can accommodate the extra limbs.

Also, the arm-holes in the dress are large enough to accommodate the difference in shoulder size caused by the extra giant-arms. The collar/hood piece can also easily shift to fit the extra arms.

And yes, I actually thought most of this through when I was initially designing the outfit.

And Deem is still pretty in pink.

What now, Archive? :D
>>
No. 541052 ID: 96c896

I think Deem should buy whatever's cheap.
>>
No. 541056 ID: df5c97

>>540630
>>541051

The Pink LimeBreaker outfit reigns supreme.
>>
No. 541059 ID: 5fd94e

>>541013
>>541051

Close but I prefer archives by a little bit
>>
No. 541060 ID: 76b151

I'm going to re-iterate my choice for Deem in Pink. It just looks the best.
>>
No. 541063 ID: 4f1dac

If we're voting then I'd say Deem in the long, backless, black with decorated-skirt dress.
If all else were equal I'd prefer a skirt that's a bit shorter and divided so she could run in it. That said, that doesn't seem to be the local style.

She apparently needs a cloak to go with that, possibly a hooded cloak. I'm thinking one that's a simple slate-gray, to provide the other colour of smoke that goes along with the fire at the bottom of her dress.
>>
No. 541080 ID: 26e322

Voting for pink
>>
No. 541088 ID: e3814c

>>541051
I vote for the Pink
>>
No. 541112 ID: d26c2a

My comments on the pink outfit still stand, but otherwise it's still pretty good. I think if anything a slit in the side might look better than asymmetrical skirt lengths.
>>
No. 541164 ID: 68ac42
File 137961848544.png - (68.96KB , 480x640 , TOTALSTYLE1.png )
541164

Why not a conglomerate of the best features? many of these styles are not mutually exclusive.

For example, the Killbill suit fits comfortably and invisibly under the red triangle fringed dress and the white overcoat, also looks great under pink dress.
>>
No. 541168 ID: 68ac42
File 137962005015.png - (40.87KB , 480x640 , TOTALSTYLE2F.png )
541168

The jumper has of course been modified to demands of suitability for shapes-shifting, though if enchanted is a moot point, as it will be abile to 'suit' any future forms as well as the ones we have used in the past.
>>
No. 541169 ID: 68ac42
File 137962006602.png - (24.65KB , 480x640 , TOTALSTYLE2B.png )
541169

aand back
>>
No. 541191 ID: d9ce78

>>541164
i liked the pink limebreaker one better without the body sock under it.

voting for lime's design.
>>
No. 541200 ID: 68ac42
File 137963106880.png - (53.30KB , 480x640 , HALFBREED.png )
541200

Transformers Combine!
>>
No. 541202 ID: c770a7

>>541191
If it was redeco'd, yeah. As is though, I don't see myself having the patience seeing her walk around in that. Lime pink just seems too obtrusive for me; It's going to clash with everything, especially in this time period. Stick to her original color scheme.

Barring that, I'm going for >>540622
>>
No. 541205 ID: 74098c

>>540756

I lyke dysh wun. We should tottoly wyer dysh
>>
No. 541207 ID: 68ac42
File 137963232049.png - (33.69KB , 480x640 , LILLULU.png )
541207

Though your wild as any Zulu and your just as hard to tame, Little Lulu, we love youlu just the same.
>>
No. 541213 ID: e1609c

>>541051
That middle bit is still rather likely to wrap around her leg at some point.
Barring that though, it looks like yours will probably win this bitter duel to the death little vote thing, so unless there is some big turnaround on votes I can accept second place.
>>
No. 541327 ID: c770a7

>>541202
ditto. I feel like paraphrasing Henry Ford;

It comes in every color but that.
>>
No. 541332 ID: 9af753

>>541213
well I cannot! I stand with you, Archivemod!
>>
No. 541334 ID: bd6e4d

>>541013

This one
>>
No. 541340 ID: 1db8af

Voting for the pink one, and if anyone is interested in the Henry Ford quote, I think it was something like "Any customer can have a car painted any color that he wants so long as it is black."
>>
No. 541341 ID: 9e3650

we stand in consolidation with the nation of Archivemod!
>>
No. 541343 ID: 06e6ef

Bandwagon, jumping on for the underdog! Go Archivemod! wootwootwoot!!!
>>
No. 541347 ID: 23cd81

Lets spin this right round. For the lol black backless.
>>
No. 541404 ID: 68ac42

So, after recieving the cutest admonishment possible by Arhra, I've counted the votes, this time not mistaking groups of five for ten. The votes have resulted in the following:

For Archivemod's Design

Archivemod proposes to Arhra (+1, 1 so far)
>>540615

Half vote from Taffer (+.5, 1.5 so far)
>>540657

Kaja (+1, 2.5 so far):
>>540660
>>541112

Myself (+1, 3.5 so far)
>>540818

Reginald Cuftbert (+1, 4.5 so far)
>>540980

Nothing (+1, 5.5 so far)
>>541019

Salestax, rectonned (+1, 6.5 so far)
>>541027

Hammer (+1, 7.5 so far)
>>541059

this guy (+1, 8.5 so far)
>>541063

These guys (+5, 13.5 so far):
>>541332
>>541334
>>541341
>>541343
>>541347



Limebreaker's Design

Limebreaker proposes to
Arhra (+1, 1 so far)
>>540630

Redaeth (sorry about the crap in shadowquest, I feel for you buddy. +1, 2 so far)
>>540635
>>541060

SilverFayte (+1, 3 so far)
>>540636

this guy (+1, 4 so far)
>>540640

PuddOmega (+1, 5 so far)
>>540641

This guy against Lime (-1, 4 so far)
>>540655

Half vote from Taffer (+.5, 4.5 so far)
>>540657

this guy (+1, 5.5 so far)
>>540691

Salestax1 changed his mind (+0, 5.5 so far)
>>540692
>>541027

new guy (+1, 6.5 so far)
>>540715

Abeo (+1, 7.5, so far)
>>540887

Zaealix (1, 8.5, so far)
>>541056

These guys (+3, 11.5 so far)
>>541080
>>541088
>>541191

This samefag (-1, 10.5 so far):
>>541202
>>541327

Pantalaimon (+1, 11.5 so far)
>>541340


That leaves Archivemod in the lead with a suprise second wind, resulting in 13.5 votes and Limebreaker in second with 11.5.

Just goes to show that when you wish upon /tg/, you'll never know what fate will be...
When you wish upon an imageboard, loyalty is your reward...

And dreams...

come...

True!


But team 'Chivemod is not in the clear yet.
>>
No. 541405 ID: e1609c

>>541404
Oh my, now this was surprising turn of events, was it not?
Muahahahahah
>>
No. 541409 ID: 07e3a8

>>541404
...you do realize doing in this in a quest thread just pointlessly bumps it, takes up space, and completely ignores the fact the author or character gets to weight votes based off argument, reason, or their own preferences.
>>
No. 541410 ID: 76b151

>>541404
I seriously doubt samefagging will cause a -1 vote. Similiarily for the downvote.
>>
No. 541412 ID: 24d9e6

bitch, who asked you? I'm glade you're SQ's whipping boy.

And I vote for Archive. despite down votes, TIE BREAKER
>>
No. 541437 ID: a36601

>>541410
You're right on the second point, the down vote is BS because he also voted up archive's design. But, the "samefag" says that unless the color of lime's one is changed from pink, he will vote for archive's one. The "barring that, I'm going for [archive's design]" part. (can I get a confirm from c770a7?) Archive should be up 15.5(with 24d9e6's vote) to 13.5

No hard feelings for whoever wins. I voted for archive 100% (instead of 50/50) because there was an issue I was worried about(mobility) and it was addressed. I still like lime's design, I just like archive's better.
>>
No. 541547 ID: 68ac42

woah woah woah, I'm gone for a few hours and the vipers come out.

>>541412
you, play nice or go home.

>>>>541409
My apologies, I forgot to sage. Yes, I am aware, but I thought it might be useful for people to have gauge on the popular vote regardless of our actual electoral system : /

>>541410
Yes, I realized that might not play out, there's a section of my post that I left out. That's what you get when you copypaste from several docs I suppose. Originally I had the down votes be an alternative count, the original being limebreaker's dramatic lead by 1.

>>541437
Oh my dearest I did not catch that. Thanks for the due diligence. I will post the corrections presently.
>>
No. 541556 ID: c770a7

hey all. >>541437 Yeah, I'm Rip Torn tweenixt the two. Like some other's Here I prefer hues of Deem's primary colors (slate purples, golds and reds) on both costumes, but you can't have everything. I do have a slight preference for limebreaker's for regular wear and tear, but my eyes just can't take it. Speaking of wear, make sure it's sturdy material cuz we are, you know, made of rock.

Yeah, as for the whole "samefriend" thing is probably because the second post is by my lil brother. He's in the whole "I want to be just like you, Dan" stage right now, he'd even paraphrased me paraphrasing Ford in a story I wrote.
So just ignore my echo. Limit one vote per household I guess. Next time I post I'll go to the library or something.
>>
No. 541605 ID: e1609c

so when do we call this contest to an end, exactly?
(also, this has gotten a bit too intense. It's just pretty dresses, yo.)
>>
No. 541612 ID: 4f1dac

Who says it's a contest? Some quest-runners make the paperdoll-call searching for something they favour more than calling for a vote. Maybe it's over when we can come up with *a* choice we almost all agree on.
>>
No. 541627 ID: e3715d
File 137990595785.png - (7.56KB , 300x300 , advice5.png )
541627

...

A number of you seem to be suffering under the delusion that this is a democracy.
>>
No. 541705 ID: 33b935
File 137994451936.png - (14.75KB , 600x400 , incoming_clothes.png )
541705

Lianna leaves her position behind the counter and helps us look through the clothes available.

"Here you go Deem, I picked out a few things that looked around your size. The fitting room is just here. I can tailor things for you too, if the fit's not quite right."

This shouldn't be too difficult.
>>
No. 541706 ID: 33b935
File 137994461042.png - (11.28KB , 600x400 , fashion_level_expert.png )
541706

...

I have no idea what I'm doing.
>>
No. 541707 ID: 33b935
File 137994504289.png - (28.12KB , 600x600 , everyone_loses.png )
541707

After what feels like too many attempts, I have a good feeling about this one. I pop out for Reisarf's opinion. Unfortunately I've found he seems to look for a silver lining in everything.

"Ooooh, that's the best one yet! Stargazer likes it too. I think this is the one."

Well, that settles it.
>>
No. 541711 ID: 68ac42

uhm, that is far better than anyone would fare than "don't know what your doing." You got it on the right way, the worst that is possible is you've got it on backwards, which we get wrong 1/12th of the time anyway.

To outfit: Nice! dont forget to add a finishing touch, a personal sigil or something--a signature.
>>
No. 541712 ID: 33b935
File 137994569133.png - (17.29KB , 600x400 , sale_offer.png )
541712

Lianna's eyes brighten when she sees us come back to the front of the store. "Oh you're so cute in that!" she says, leaning forward.

For a moment I had a strange feeling I might have been in danger had the counter not been in the way.

I press on. "How much do I owe you for the dress?"

"That one's actually a dress that was commissioned that was never picked up, so I'll only charge you ten gold for one clothes."

I glance at Reisarf. He shows no reaction. I suppose it's fair.

She puts her hand on the counter, near mine. "Actually, I have two curios you might be interested in too. One's a mimic egg, and the other is a royal jelly. They're two hundred gold each."

Hmmm, that's tempting. A royal jelly would give me a very effective spawner of slimes, while a mimic is as good as a high value treasure chest for the purposes of Labyrinth Game, with the added advantage it's extremely dangerous.

Getting both would take most of my gold though...
>>
No. 541723 ID: 76b151

Lets go with the royal jelly. We need filler and we don't want to lose all our gold.
>>
No. 541724 ID: dbe0e9

>>541712
Get the Royal Jelly for now. We need to build ourselves up before we start luring adventurers.
>>
No. 541726 ID: 33b935
File 137994765687.png - (5.80KB , 300x400 , aghblarghflargh.png )
541726

There's a Big Dumb Arguments thread for big dumb arguments. Cut it out, all of you.
>>
No. 541727 ID: 07e3a8

Cute outfit.

>hand too close, glad counter's in the way
...Deem has a new admirer? While, I suppose it's more to your advantage to have the shopkeeper like you than not.

>mimic and/or slime
We can't afford to go for broke- gold is too useful for mana generation.

I'd have to agree with Redaeth's logic. Slimes are a cheap way to make a low level dungeon dangerous. They multiply, they can be fed almost anything, and acid blobs have a nice bonus of damaging adventure's equipment. So long as you don't allow for exponential growth and consumption of things we actually care about, it's a good choice.

...if mimic eggs only hatch under the right conditions, there's also the chance we could come back for it later.
>>
No. 541731 ID: 07e3a8

...wait. How did Lianna know we might be interested in purchasing monsters?
>>
No. 541732 ID: c770a7

here's an idea:

ditch the clothes... WEAR THE MIMIC!

course you'd have to wait till it hatched...

I don't want to pull a loan, thats silly. I do agree that we should have more faith in ourselves and our capabilites, but gold is to rare to sqander. The only thing that has doesn't have an expiry is the jelly, but rabbit breeding slimes is very useful...

HMMMMM... Can we put the jelly on hold? we want the whole maternal bond thing to go on, we don't want the mimic to stick with someone else.

I tried to breed slimes and mimics together once to create the ultimate stealth/mobility critter... campaign ended before we could see the fruits of it. It may yet prove effective.

Try your best to keep a hold of both, maybe Merud can help a girl out?

Rule Zeroette gets the final say, of course.
>>
No. 541733 ID: 7bbaae

>>541712
...how does a tailor happen to have such items? Offer to buy both for 300. She won't find many customers willing to buy that stuff, I expect.
>>
No. 541739 ID: 888df6

The royal slime seems like the more appropriate option for a start-up dungeon but there's a number of factors in play. If we can find some local critters to populate our dungeon on our own, then the mimic would work fine, it just isn't the sort of thing that works well in a bare dungeon. The size of our dungeon also effects things.

The mimic seems to be the higher risk/reward option, while the slime is lower reward, but highly dependable. Together, they would form a solid starting strategy and we'd be less likely to have to devote mana to golem maintenance. On the other hand, buying both might leave us without the necessary gold to generate enough mana to maintain golems comfortably!

We could get both and gamble on Merud having an appreciable amount of gold to store with us. I could see him being loaded OR totally broke.

Then there's the prospect of finding gold as we dig our dungeon and this post is getting longer than I planned but the point is that buying both isn't as disadvantageous as it may initially seem, when all factors are considered.

(On the other hand Moriko might want, like, payment or something crazy like that and oh god I can't stop.)
>>
No. 541742 ID: bd48c5

>>541712
Slimes. They're useful. The little ones are too adorable for adventurers to get pumped up about killing, and the big ones are fucking terrifying.
>>
No. 541750 ID: bf54a8

slime
>>
No. 541763 ID: 4f1dac

I would feel like a royal shmuck if it turned out this lady were selling us things that we can get for half as much a block away, or which we're picking up for free somewhere. I suggest we mention that we're interested in them but that they seem a bit dear in price to us at the moment and that we may come back later to buy one or both.
>>
No. 541764 ID: 16c47c

No! Money is power! We need that precious yellow metal for the earth pulse, which will generate monsters for us! Better monsters than jellies hopefully.

Take the dress though. If nothing else than to blend in a little better in the cities.
>>
No. 541766 ID: bf54a8

>>541764
not a jelly, a royal jelly. and mimic sounds very rare.
>>
No. 541780 ID: 701018

Meruds not the only one we can go to either. We got to know if Hin owns or rents her shop. Since she's leaving she could put it up for sale or rent.

put them both on hold, ask all our contacts if support is available. Then head on back, and carefully appraise everything and everyone with the crystal.

Now that we know there are shapeshifters, we can NEVER be too careful.
>>
No. 541791 ID: 96e0ea

Royal Jelly is best right now. We do need throwaway monsters and we can't get the most out of the mimic due to our lack of gold.

>>541731
This guy does have a point
>>
No. 541800 ID: 26e322

We need low level beasties, not strong ones yet. So just get the royal jelly.
>>
No. 541809 ID: 888df6

Additional idea: offer the hug the shopkeeper so clearly desired when exposed to Deem's cuteness in an attempt to garner discounts.

>>541731
Probably the same way she knew we were Deem. I assume she's talked to Merud or Kallia.

>>541791
I think what Deem said means that the mimic counts as a treasure chest holding valuable treasure for the purposes of the Labyrinth Game without having to actually hold treasure. So bonus mana generation.
>>
No. 541828 ID: 26e322

>>541731
>>541791
Same way she new she was coming, Merud tipped her off to what she needed.
>>
No. 541841 ID: e71966

>>541712
I may be awfully biased because of reason, but i say royal jelly!
>>
No. 541870 ID: 979359

Guys, haven't you ever heard of an extended payment program? Buy the jelly now and make a down payment for the mimic, then siphon off a little gold each month to pay off the rest.

Also, look at her features, she's probably related to Catboi on the "folk" side.
>>
No. 541872 ID: 979359

*program -> plan
>>
No. 541874 ID: 7b23ea

>>541870
agreed, this girl is business savvy, she should be on the level with that sort of thing. Also, a little cuti shennigans couldn't hurt; Flirt to Convert!
>>
No. 541890 ID: fc0fc4

>>541870

Yeah, 'specially with that kind of product diversity. I'm a little hard pressed to believe she's quater catperson though.
>>
No. 541915 ID: dcd676

Gotta go with Royal Jelly. Slimes are hilarious and we should have as many as we can.
>>
No. 541917 ID: 5fd94e

>>541870

Can't hurt to ask.
>>
No. 541936 ID: 4f1dac

I still say that if we're paying hundreds of gold for things we can get from that monster tamer guy for 50 gold that would be a shitty deal. We have no way of knowing what the market price is until we ask around.
>>
No. 541942 ID: efa330

MIMIC.
>>
No. 541950 ID: 480af5

Can we get an HP, XP bars up in this HUD? Manabar/jar would be nice too... Party member portraits.

Curious, are there like, shiny slimes? every once in a bloomoon while a slime is born with properties that separate him from his damp brethren?

Dont forget to enchan you clothes!
>>
No. 541951 ID: fb3e3b

>>541627


Why do we even bother.
>>
No. 541953 ID: 979359

>>541950

dont forget gold count & encucumberance!
>>
No. 541994 ID: aa6580

>>541951
That would be because I don't just look at what ideas are popular. It has some influence, but so does the reasoning behind suggestions.
>>
No. 542108 ID: c770a7

>>541732
>>541739
>>541764
>>541809
>>541870
>>541950
>>541953

HUD: Yes, we could definitely use readily available data in view at all times.

- Additionally: Coordinates would be nice too, but that's pushing it, therefore you will soon see my plans for a telescopic surveyor golem compatible with hominid and Stargazer anatomy in the disc forum, though it requires someone to know somthing about glassblowing, unless crystal and glass falls under earthshape. (had to stop myself from typing Stargate...

(v >_>) ┬─┬

(v>_>)╯︵ ┻━┻


Calling all contacts: Yes, do it, especially the parts about learning more about Hin's living arrangements and stalling Izakkik.

Layaway/Extended Payment Plan: I agree. We can't have someone else walking away with either valuable/dangerous items.

Wear the Mimic: Being clothed in a shapeshifter may be initially uncomfortable, but the benefits are nothing to sneeze at considering our own form altering abilities.

Once in a blue moon a slime is born destined for greatness: That would be great for scores of numbers of reasons, but otherwise slimes are already great for garbage disposal, hazardous waste, moisture control, ph level control and biothermal energy, not to mention Deem's spa treatments; girl needs to unwind, she has it hard! List em benefits, list em all!

Divergent question: What have we need mana for other than building a golem? What have the golems done that we couldn't do for ourselves w/ Charky? Bullet that list. (PS, I have an imagination, but the variety we as a group represent will greatly help the contingency panning effort.)

-Additionally: List of materials we can manipulate with earthshape.
>>
No. 542505 ID: 7bbaae

Hey Deem, the shopkeep is slightly suspicious so maybe we should use the lens on her.
>>
No. 543795 ID: 7b23ea

I prefer the pay-as-you-go plan to the layaway; we wouldn't like for this girl to get robbed while we anticipate delivery of the mimichild.
>>
No. 543796 ID: 7b23ea

also, C7, where's the surveyor we've been promised?
>>
No. 544851 ID: 256d52
File 138236597883.png - (11.11KB , 600x400 , fine_selection_of_products.png )
544851

>We can't afford to go for broke- gold is too useful for mana generation.
It's true, I'd be critically low on mana with so little gold.

>We could get both and gamble on Merud having an appreciable amount of gold to store with us. I could see him being loaded OR totally broke.
I didn't sense much gold in the Golemeter's Guild. I'd guess he spends his gold on books and materials mainly.

>...how does a tailor happen to have such items?
She doesn't just sell clothes. Still...

"I'm curious how did you come by these... curios?" I say.

Liana smiles enigmatically. "I keep a mimic in the back room to discourage thieves and vermin. It used to belong to my grandmother. They don't lay eggs very often, so I was very surprised to find one there. They're very rare! Prized as guards. The slime larva I traded off the last ship to come in. I was hoping to get a good price for it selling it to the Dungeoneer's Guild or perhaps to an apothecary. Kallia mentioned you when she came by this morning, so I thought I'd give you the first pass at it."

>Offer the hug the shopkeeper so clearly desired when exposed to Deem's cuteness in an attempt to garner discounts.
I'm not a hug person.

>Offer to buy both for 300. She won't find many customers willing to buy that stuff, I expect.
"Sorry~, can't go that low." Liana says. "Tell you what though, if you buy both I'll throw in the clothes for free."

Ah, hmm. This is hard.

"I need a moment to discuss this with my cohort." I tell her.

"Take as long as you need."
>>
No. 544852 ID: 256d52
File 138236604877.png - (17.56KB , 600x450 , consultation.png )
544852

>The mimic seems to be the higher risk/reward option, while the slime is lower reward, but highly dependable. Together, they would form a solid starting strategy
Reisarf, Stargazer and I duck into a corner.

"I'd like to get both, but 400 gold would cut into my reserve a lot." I tell him. "I don't suppose you have any gold you'd like to chip in?"

"Sorry, I spent it on lunch."

>...if mimic eggs only hatch under the right conditions, there's also the chance we could come back for it later.
It sounds like it won't be there later.

>ditch the clothes... WEAR THE MIMIC!
What.

>I think what Deem said means that the mimic counts as a treasure chest holding valuable treasure for the purposes of the Labyrinth Game without having to actually hold treasure. So bonus mana generation.
That's right. Also when you feed them gold, they slowly form a magical item inside. A bit like a pearl? That'd take even more gold though...

>Curious, are there like, shiny slimes? Every once in a blue moon where a slime is born with properties that separate him from his damp brethren?
You mean like some sort of royal jelly?

"Are you alright?" Reisarf asks. His staff seems to be trying to colonise his head.

"Sorry, I got distracted for a moment." I sigh and then drop my voice. "I don't know how much anything is supposed to cost. I know they both used to be uncommon at least, but I don't know how things have changed and I don't know what a good price is."

"She liked you! I think she's giving you a good price." The alienist says. Stargazer blinks placidly in what I will assume is agreement.

I'll get one of them then.
>>
No. 544853 ID: 256d52
File 138236610669.png - (25.84KB , 600x460 , how_does_that_even_work.png )
544853

>Carefully appraise everything and everyone with the crystal.
It's not for appraising items, it's for scanning people!

Like this!

----------------------------------------

Abilities:
Power: Represents strength and focused application of it. Increases damage for most attack types.
Vitality: Endurance and ability to take damage.
Accuracy: Precision of strikes and actions.
Speed: Quickness in action.
Wits: Quickness in thought, processing complex situations and doing things on the fly. Adjusts casting speed.
Skill: Affects the complexity of techniques someone can learn.
Spirit: Capacity for surges of effort. A second wind, of sorts. Adjusts spell magnitude.
Luck: How fortunate someone is.

Abilities are ranked as follows:
Rank A: Superb.
Rank B: Excellent.
Rank C: Proficient.
Rank D: Undeveloped.
Rank E: Inept.
>>
No. 544854 ID: 256d52
File 138236616680.png - (17.69KB , 375x750 , strike_a_scanning_pose.png )
544854

----------------------------------------
Deem
Level 1 Golem

----------------------------------------
Power: D
Vitality: D
Accuracy: D
Speed: D
Wits: D
Skill: D
Spirit: S
Luck: E

A mysterious golem girl from a lost era. Who knows what she might be capable of? Although most of her attributes are unimpressive, maybe that absurd spirit will see her through? Aside form that, she's a blank slate for improvement. However, if luck is the favour of the gods, then truly she is cursed. Bad things happen to her for no reason at all.


----------------------------------------
Detected Abilities
----------------------------------------
Golem Corpus: Deem's body is an amalgam of clay and stone animated by her magic. This makes her difficult to injure and even her bare hands are effective weapons. She's internalised an incomplete form of golemetry's Fourth Magic, the capacity to connect to the world, which allows her limited mana respiration. This reduces the energy required to sustain her body to almost zero when she's inactive.

Hidden Reservoir: Deem's heart fragment allows her to replenish the mana reserves in her golem body by drawing upon the energy stored in her Dungeon Heart. This gives her a mana capacity that vastly exceeds that of an ordinary magic user. However, the majority of the spells she remembers are designed for use in dungeons or rituals and hence are quite expensive.

High-Speed Ritual: The extraordinary density of spell channels in Deem's body and her familiarity with multiple simultaneous activations of them allows her to cast high complexity rituals in a fraction of the time it would normally take. However, simpler spells can't take advantage of this parallel processing of spell elements as they are typically optimised to be cycled rapidly through a single channel.

Ancient Power: Deem has strong affinities for earth magic, reinforcement, enchantment and golemetry. However, she's accustomed to using these spells as a dungeon, not as a mage. Simple spells and spells similar to what she'd use as a dungeon, such as golem creation and advanced reinforcement shouldn't give her too much trouble, however other magic will require experimentation. Deem knows no Rote Spells.

Damaged Spell Channels: The damage which removed a fragment from Deem's Heart has lingering consequences, as some of her channels cross the cleaved surface. These severed circuits are not entirely responsive to Deem's control and cannot open or close properly, causing slow mana leakage. Additionally, if she's careless or unlucky when casting spells, she might activate a damaged channel. This has been seen to cause cause spell cascades and mana haemorrhaging


----------------------------------------
Special Equipment
----------------------------------------
Orichalcum Sword: A sword made from a magical bronze alloy. It's an entry level magic sword honestly.

Focus Medallion: A medallion for trainee mages that resists the activation of spell channels. While it's a slight hindrance to Deem, it should reduce misfires by her damaged spell channels.

Crystal Lens: A basic lens for scanning creatures.

522 gold pieces
>>
No. 544856 ID: 256d52
File 138236649545.png - (17.59KB , 600x400 , buy_the_bottle.png )
544856

>Lets go with the royal jelly. We need filler and we don't want to lose all our gold.
Yes, better to get off to a solid start than to risk everything.

I go back to the counter.

"Could I just get the clothes and the royal jelly?" I ask Lianna

"Alright Deem." she says. "That'll be 200 gold for the lot." She gave me a discount? "Just keep the jelly in the flask and give it a little water everyday to keep it hibernating until you're ready to hatch it."

I try to conceal it, but it pains me to hand over some of my precious reserve of gold. I hope this works out.

Hello little slime, I suppose you need a name now?
>>
No. 544858 ID: 256d52

And to assist in naming, here's a preview of what it turns into.

>>/questdis/76945
>>
No. 544859 ID: b1d089

Name it the Yellow King just to mess with people. Since its actually a queen and teal.
>>
No. 544860 ID: 4f201e

right... so we have one more person to recruit and then what? we really haven't even started on our mountain dungeon and we really haven't given anyone more then promises for when they help us so we got a plan there or what?
>>
No. 544861 ID: 75a612

>inept luck
Well, cross gambling off the list of possible gold gathering plans. Repeatedly.

>abilities
Well, from that, we can reaffirm that two of your most important priorities are getting an actual dungeon established, and mapping those broken spell channels to create workarounds. We sort of knew that already, though.

What maybe we didn't full realize before is the vast untapped potential your avatar has a caster. Getting the hang of functional, directly applicable, less-than-dungeon-scale magic to throw around is probably a good secondary priority.

>discount
Hm-hmm. Very nice. Be sure to thank her for the help and everything before you leave. Always good to have a shopkeep who likes you. Good place for repeat business, once we've started getting established and gold isn't quite as scare a resource.

>Hello little slime, I suppose you need a name now?
Assuming Slimes aren't like dragons (or dungeons) and wake up with a name already.

Lilian?

>scan
Neato. We'll have to systematically test that out on everyone. To scan: (eventually) golems, quasidragon, Merud, Hin , Reisarf, Stargazer.
>>
No. 544876 ID: 9ddf68

Because I suck with names I say we name the slime Jade.
>>
No. 544895 ID: 097017

Lets name her something regal, elegant, mysterious and slightly academic or chemical... Absinthe was a alcoholic drink from the past for known for it's classiness, nicknamed "The Green Fairy."

It's got a bit of history attached to it, sound sophisticated and fits with her being a slime "sort of."

And if it's too much of a mouthful we can always call her "Abby".

I am a big fan of the Oz books, so as an alternative why don't we name her after Ozma, rightful ruler of the Emerald City and sovereign of the Land of Oz (also of fair stock.)

I can't choose, though. Maybe both? Abby Oz?


I also suggest we name all golems after Deem. It's fun, familiar and challenging. Coredeem, Deemeter, Deemon, Cherudeem, Deemore.
>>
No. 544897 ID: 097017

>>544852

The confusion over the mimic is explained in the discussion thread. I assumed "Mimic" implied inherent shape-changing abilities, as the classic variety. If I thought it was limited to the box art I would have anticipated a name more descriptive of its function. Just goes to show what they say about people who ASSuME things is true.

I'm guessing a layaway payment plan isn't a thing yet?

>>544851

Well, if it wasn't clear before, now it should be pretty obvious this isn't our rodeo. We fulfill a definite "back seat" role in this quest, unlike others where we can more closely identify ourselves with the protagonist. Deem is her own person, we should treat her as such. (Though I her to be a more cunning, practical type. Shrewdness in independence rather than business, evidently.)
>>544854

Luck probably has something to do with this seal: >>514236

I have to admit I chuckled a bit when I read something akin to "Deem incurred the Wrath of the Mods!" or "BANISHED TO THE MOON" on ITQ.

As for a future course of action, see if you can get close enough to some large reserves of money at night to mechanically "claim" the treasure without touching it (A bit like trawling for a hotspot.) Maybe if you're reception is good enough you can fill up on mana before you head out.
>>
No. 544900 ID: 53ba34

mr uhh.. c7, the reply field is... rather massive. you can merge them into one post. and the big red letters caused by putting in a subject is distracting. you don't need to tell people what your posts are about. also, talk about things from ITQ and discussion threads, in the discussion thread.

i like Abigal for a name.
>>
No. 544904 ID: 9b7c9e

call the slime solvent
>>
No. 544912 ID: 7bbaae

>>544897
You didn't need to post ANY of that. Stick to suggestions in quest threads, and put any significant discussion in questdis.

>>544856
Selune.
>>
No. 544913 ID: 3b3043

I like a name that stats with S for our Slime and it should be something nice. How about Silvestre.
>>
No. 544922 ID: a36601

The name I like most so far is Lilian. Will revise if I see a better one.
>>
No. 544923 ID: 08ce67

Once we get our troops, we should try out the crystal lens on them. It's something we can do to optimise our dungeon and our troops to their fullest.
>>
No. 544957 ID: 16c47c

>>544912
This is probably the most pleasant one so far. I take it we just need to let the slime loose when we find our settlement spot and it will multiply on its own?

We should move on and get us some Hammerai topping for our dungeon cake.
>>