[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 454256)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 41599 unique user posts. View catalog

File 134755567725.png - (4.82KB , 1000x356 , FinalpixelAdventure!.png )
454256 No. 454256 ID: b3ca75

Previous Threads and wiki - http://tgchan.org/wiki/Pixel_Adventure
Discussion - http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/56976.html

>reboot
Do you wish do reboot universe? All unsaved data will be lost. Y/n_
n.
rebooting…
N!
Rebooting commencing.
Crtl-alt-delete!
Error!
Expand all images
>>
No. 454257 ID: b3ca75
File 134755568989.png - (21.42KB , 800x600 , 1.png )
454257

ERROR!

:pride2: -o here we are… Any last words before I blow you brains out, traitor!
:mrw: …that’s a laser. It’ll disintegrate me, not blow my brains out…
:pride2: shut it, smart ass!
:mrw: er… didn’t you just say that I should talk? Can you please make up your mind?
:pride2: …just tell me your last words so I can kill you, traitor…

Insert wannabe standoff_
>>
No. 454260 ID: 1987d1

>Crtl-alt-delete!
We're using the command prompt, not windows. You want Ctrl-C to interrupt a process.

Uh, hello, Shadack (Pride), Jacob? Pre-sentience android Lizbeth? It's us again, the voices of magic.

Could you please calm down and tell us what's going on before resorting to violence? We've seen... rather a lot of it of late, and we'd like to avoid further death if possible.

[attempt to seize control of non-sentient android maid]
>>
No. 454280 ID: b6edd6

There may or may not be a mistake going on here involving time travel accidents, so we would like to hear what exactly we are dealing with.
>>
No. 454288 ID: f2c20c

Hey, uh, guys. What's going on?

Jacob, what did you do, you idiot? There, that robot next to the huge Virtue prototype... that's the scaled-down version, isn't it? I can't help but notice that the prototype is still hooked up, though. Planning to turn it into an oracle machine, perhaps? Something that can peer into multiple timelines and retrieve data that may or may not be useful?

Anyway, I'd like to report that we still don't have any concrete data on the apocalypse. We ran into some trouble before we could investigate the surface. Right now we're hoping it was an illusion or alternate timeline or SOMETHING that makes it not real, because we lost two close friends.

You guys wouldn't happen to know any way to resurrect people, would you?
>>
No. 454291 ID: 0c2247

>>454257
Heh, you think Ira's the traitor. That's so cute.
Fun fact: We have access to an oracle, and the oracle lists Ira's death as "Murder". Killing a traitor isn't murder.
Also, if he was actually a traitor it would have listed him as such.

So, Pride, tell us. What is it you think he did?
If you're pissed about people wanting you dead then you should be pissed at us - we know what horrible things you're going to do to the world, and we wanted you dead so all those people would be spared.
Or is it something different? We would like to hear what you have to say for yourself, if you would please.

[Possess Lizbeth]
[Solid Illusion: Mirror between Ira and Pride]
>>
No. 454295 ID: 1987d1

>…that’s a laser. It’ll disintegrate me, not blow my brains out…
Just jumping in to point out it'll actually burn a hole through you! To actually disintegrate you, it would have to be a fairly wide beam and pretty high powered. That or Pride would have to be very patient.
>>
No. 454296 ID: 16b9bd

Fuck you, I'm not going to play that third stage again!

>>454291
> Fun fact: We have access to an oracle, and the oracle lists Ira's death as "Murder". Killing a traitor isn't murder.
> Also, if he was actually a traitor it would have listed him as such.
Flawless logic.
>>
No. 454297 ID: b3ca75
File 134756861979.png - (21.42KB , 800x600 , 2.png )
454297

>[switch to Kevros]
Unable to connect. Target is non-responsive
>[Possess Lizbeth]
Connection successful. You now have control over Maid bot 3000.
>[Solid Illusion: Mirror between Ira and Pride]
Error, Unable to execute action. Can’t find “Solid Illusion” program.

>Hey, uh, guys. What's going on?
:pride2: AAH!! WHAT WAS THAT!?
:mrw: oh, it’s only a part of the project, so calm down and stop waving that gun around. Someone might get hurt, you know.

>Could you please calm down and tell us what's going on before resorting to violence? We've seen... rather a lot of it of late, and we'd like to avoid further death if possible.
:mrw: I’m sorry, but some deaths are going to be unavoidable, you know.
:pride2: Like yours!
:mrw: …perhaps.
>>
No. 454298 ID: b3ca75
File 134756862917.png - (21.40KB , 800x600 , 3.png )
454298

>Pride, tell us. What is it you think he did?
:pride2: He sabotaged the project! He’s trying to destroy everything!
>Jacob, what did you do, you idiot?
:mrw: oh, I just sabotaged the project. Don’t worry thought, I only removed and hid one of the foci crystals while at the same time I destroyed all the blue prints for creating them…
:Pride2: You confessed, Traitor!

>Killing a traitor isn't murder.
:mrw: killing an unarmed one without any kind of trial in peace times would be.
>There, that robot next to the huge Virtue prototype... that's the scaled-down version, isn't it?
:mrw: why, yes, that’s virtue main body. It’s almost done to.

>Planning to turn it into an oracle machine, perhaps? Something that can peer into multiple timelines and retrieve data that may or may not be useful?
:mrw: …well, kind of. It is supposed to retrieve any data that the main body would need for its time shenanigans. Hmm, Oracle? That’s kind off a fitting name, isn’t it?
>You guys wouldn't happen to know any way to resurrect people, would you?
:mrw: that was one of the uses for virtue, too bad it won’t ever be used thought…
:pride2: what? Enough! I hope you’ll burn in hell with the rest of them, Jacob!

“click”
:pride2: ..err…
“click” “click” “click” “click”
:pride2: …why doesn’t my gun work?

Insert click click cluck_
>>
No. 454302 ID: 1987d1

>…why doesn’t my gun work?
I'm going to assume Jacob outsmarted you and planned for this.

[Maid bot 3000, provide readout of available abilities, unit specifications and capabilities]

Jacob, this is important. What do you hope to accomplish by sabotaging the project?
>>
No. 454312 ID: f2c20c

>>454298
Jacob, I'd like to point out that because there are multiple timelines, the apocalypse happening in this one might be BECAUSE we told you it would happen no matter what you did, which made you abandon the Virtue project. Self-fulfilling prophecy, you see. The Virtue project might've actually worked!

I'd also like to note that despite you apparently being dead in our future, someone named Iracundus is still around. Plus, if Pride dies here, our future will be changed, and everything we told you becomes irrelevant.

On the other hand if you change our future that means we'll likely be able to avoid what just happened to our friends, if it really happened. Soooo... uh, I'm not sure whether to say to kill him or not!

I've gotta ask something now. Why sabotage the project? Is it just because of what we said?
>>
No. 454314 ID: 6a1ec2

I'm sure Jacob didn't take our word for it and figured out all on his own that activating Virtue would cause the very apocalypse we were babbling about. There's no way he would actually be trying to engineer the apocalypse by destroying Virtue because he's as fucking insane as future Jacob.

...just clonk him on the head with it Pride. Can't stop that from working.

[Maid bot 3000, raise serving tray in preparation to serve up some justice, and by justice I mean head injury.]
>>
No. 454330 ID: f2c20c

>>454314
Well, if he did figure it out on his own then he's already learned the three lessons he taught us.

One, get proof.
Two, never give up.
Three, look for alternatives before sacrificing something. Or maybe it was to make sure the sacrifice would work and be worth it. That lesson was taught a bit nebulously.
>>
No. 454331 ID: 0c2247

>>454298
There's a flaw in your plan, Jacob.
Namely, that you can't actually destroy information beyond the recovery abilities of a being outside of time.

On a related note, the main server and the oracle's connection to it aren't protected well enough.

I'm pretty sure we're getting closer to resurrecting your family, Jacob. Please don't backstab us now.

Pride, put the gun away. Jacob is the only person who can help you fix this, so you need to make sure he survives.
>>
No. 454425 ID: b33427

Pride, it's obvious. Jacob knows you're a hothead, and disabled your gun ahead of time, for his, and everyone else's, safety.

Now, Pride, you really do not want to kill Jacob. Why? Well, because he's the only one who knows where the stolen foci crystal is, and that knowledge would die with him. He might even have made a copy of the data on creating foci crystals before destroying the originals, and hid it as well. Either way, your superiors will want him interrogated, not summarily executed. So calm down, before you do something else rash.

Alright, Jacob, we have a problem. A big problem, and it looks like it's also your problem, since you sabotaged Project Virtue. We're sorry to say, but we just don't know if Project Virtue would have destroyed the world, saved the world, delayed the inevitable, destroyed it in its half-broken state, or done something entirely different.

Our knowledge of what has happened, and what will happen for you, almost all came from Oracle, and its data has become slightly suspect. There are things it can't answer, since its primary servers were destroyed along with the City of Town. Some of it's answers don't mesh with events we've observed. Best guess we have, is that after thousands of years of no maintenance, its broken in some way, and its recording data from possible and defunct time-lines as fact.

Bottom line: We just don't know if Project Virtue should be stopped or not. Jacob, we just hope you found your own evidence before doing what you did, because otherwise, we're sorry for misleading you.
>>
No. 454486 ID: f2c20c

>>454425
Actually, it's outright told us that it's manipulating us by withholding certain information.
>>
No. 454497 ID: b3ca75
File 134763081432.png - (21.44KB , 800x600 , 4.png )
454497

>[Maid bot 3000, provide readout of available abilities, unit specifications and capabilities]
Available abilities: Categories: Maid -74 different abilities (ex: clean, wash, dust) / entertainment -43 different abilities (ex: Sing, chess, dance) / Sex – 3542 different abilities (ex: subcategories: Sexual positions -187, spear cleaning ways – 253, exotic dances – 97)
>[Maid bot 3000, raise serving tray in preparation to serve up some justice, and by justice I mean head injury.]
Error, unable to find tray. Readying fist instead_

>I'm going to assume Jacob outsmarted you and planned for this.
:mrw: of course, you said it yourself that this man would kill me, didn’t you?
>What do you hope to accomplish by sabotaging the project?
:mrw: I hope that it will give us a chance in the future…

>The Virtue project might've actually worked!
:mrw: …no, it wouldn’t. It requires way too much power. Power we can never control. It wouldn’t work.
>activating Virtue would cause the very apocalypse we were babbling about.
:mrw: hah, no. Activating Virtue would more likely collapse all these timelines you’re talking about, unmaking everything that was, is and will be. That’s why I’m sabotaging it.

>you can't actually destroy information beyond the recovery abilities of a being outside of time.
:mrw: I don’t need to. I only need to halt the project long enough for this apocalypse you’re talking about to happen.
>I'm pretty sure we're getting closer to resurrecting your family, Jacob. Please don't backstab us now.
:mrw: …no, it’s too late for that. Besides, it’s too dangerous…

>...just clonk him on the head with it Pride. Can't stop that from working.
:mrw: actually, that’s why I brought a gun myself…
:pride2: whoa, wait! Don’t do anything rash, let’s talk about this, alright!?

Insert big boom_
>>
No. 454498 ID: 1987d1

Sorry if we've gotten a little more cautious since we last spoke, Jacob. Things got rather messy in the future, to the point we weren't actually sure if our efforts in the past would prevent or cause the future we wanted to avoid.

But if you're still actively trying to save the future, that's good! We can work with that.

Now, um. We've encountered Pride there in the future. Fatally shooting him now would change things, but it's hard to say if for the better or not.

The other complication we've discovered is we're not dealing with a single future. Somehow, after the Apocalypse, everything gets stuck in one big week long repeating time loop, that's apparently been going... quite a while. And there's at least one super-powerful asshole who's been trying to game this to his advantage.

So all killing Pride might do is dump us into the next slightly different iteration of the loop.
>>
No. 454502 ID: 0c2247

>>454497
Rash, Pride?
You tried to shoot Jacob; I think you need to rethink your strategy.
>>
No. 454533 ID: b3ca75
File 134764980525.png - (21.59KB , 800x600 , 5.png )
454533

“BANG!”

>Fatally shooting him now would change things, but it's hard to say if for the better or not.
:mrw: Of course it is for the better. I don’t have to look at his stupid face anymore, which is positive, no?

:mrw: …and…and I’m sorry for this, but I need to deactivate Lizbeth now… so, sorry voices… sorry liz…
>>
No. 454534 ID: b3ca75
File 134764981314.png - (21.66KB , 800x600 , 6.png )
454534

:mrw: oh, and lizbeth? What do you want to drink?
>>
No. 454535 ID: b3ca75
File 134764982013.png - (16.32KB , 550x400 , 7.png )
454535

“BANG!”

:lizbeth: AH! …What?
:dude: I asked what you wanted to drink, miss…
:lizbeth: …oh, well… um… I’ll take something… strong?
:dude: …of course, miss…

Insert drinks_
>>
No. 454536 ID: 0c2247

>>454535
RUN TO KEVROS! RUN TO GRAVEN! RUN TO MAGGY!
WHY DID YOU LEAVE THEM? THEY ARE DYING OR DEAD! GO FIX THAT!
>>
No. 454537 ID: 886a4d

This is important Lizbeth, do you know where Kevros, Graven and Maggy are? Also what were you doing before you came to the arena?
>>
No. 454542 ID: bf54a8

MOVE
>>
No. 454545 ID: b3ca75
File 134765242419.png - (15.73KB , 550x400 , 8.png )
454545

:kevros2: LIZBETH!? Where are you!?
:lizbeth: yeah, where are we?
:dude: …err…at the arena? The grand opening, you know? Big party? Everyone is invited?
:lizbeth: oh…

>do you know where Kevros, Graven and Maggy are?
kevy is right next to me. I have no idea about Gravy and Maggy thought.
>RUN TO KEVROS!
…I’m standing right next to him…

>what were you doing before you came to the arena?
…err… I think I was snuggling with Maggy in a ball pit?
>MOVE
…where?
>THEY ARE DYING OR DEAD!
WHAT? WHERE!?

:kevros2: We need HELP! …please help me, liz
:lizbeth: help with what?

Insert wut?_
>>
No. 454547 ID: 886a4d

Hes dreaming of Graven and him dying. While Maggy sleeps drugged beside them and you are no where to be found. Cupiditas was doing it. Make a memo Liz. When we get a chance we kill him.
>>
No. 454554 ID: 1987d1

Liz, how did you get here? From our perspective, one minute you were in the ball pit with Maggie. Then we jumped to Kev, who ran into the room to find Maggie unconscious, and you missing. Then Cupiditas showed up and murdered them.

...we don't really know what's happening, or what's real right now. We don't know if this is the dream, or what we saw before.

Hey, uh, do you remember the red Lizard pretending to be a dragon you killed with Kevros, Hans and Helga? You know, Pride? Because we might have sort of got him killed 4000-odd years ago and caused a time paradox. Kind of wondering if that all still happened now.
>>
No. 454560 ID: 0c2247

>>454545
WAKE UP!
ATTEMPT TO DISBELIEVE!
ALSO WAKE KEVROS UP!

If you're dreaming then things are completely fucked. If Kevros is dreaming then you need to save him from that horrible nightmare.
>>
No. 454567 ID: 6a1ec2

OK this is a long shot, but make a solid illusion of the hallway outside your impromptu ball pit, with Cupiditas hovering over Kevros about to gut him, while Graven lays dying in the corner, and Magwen lies trapped in an arcane slumber. Then magic bolt Cupiditas's ass.
>>
No. 454571 ID: b3ca75
File 134765706668.png - (15.71KB , 550x400 , 8.png )
454571

:Kevros2: YOU BASTARD! I’M GOING TO SH- HHHhhh!
:lizbeth: …er… Kevros? You okay there, cutie?

> WAKE UP!
…err… I’m already awake?
>Cupiditas was doing it. Make a memo Liz. When we get a chance we kill him.
Isn’t it kind of mean to kill him because something he did in a dream?

>Liz, how did you get here?
I don’t know. I was in the ball pit with Maggy one second and then I was here… I think I might have fallen asleep thought…
>do you remember the red Lizard pretending to be a dragon you killed.
You mean pride? Yeah, sure, I rem-
WARNING, Foreign entity “The one of many” is trying to take control over your body. Security measures engaged!
:lizbeth: Ow…
That hurt… what was that?
>>
No. 454572 ID: b3ca75
File 134765708084.png - (16.22KB , 550x400 , 9.png )
454572

>OK this is a long shot, but make a solid illusion of the hallway outside your impromptu ball pit, with Cupiditas hovering over Kevros about to gut him, while Graven lays dying in the corner, and Magwen lies trapped in an arcane slumber. Then magic bolt Cupiditas's ass.
...okay... I can’t really see what that would accomplish, really... besides, the other guest probably wouldn’t be too happy about me creating a bunch of illusions out of nowhere.

>ALSO WAKE KEVROS UP!
:kevros2: I love you...
:lizbeth: you have to wake up, Kevros, you’re having a nightmare.

:lizbeth: kevros?

:lizbeth: KEVROS!?
:kevros2: WHAT? LIZBETH? Oh thank gods, it was a dream… Is gravs okay? He’s not hurt is he? I still don’t know if his cute little butt is as smooth as the rest of him…

Insert graven got ze cute butt_
>>
No. 454585 ID: 6a1ec2

>>454572

Kevros, stop blurting out your love for Graven's butt.

I guess it was a dream after all, because Kevros while awake killed Cupiditas before succumbing to massive blood loss, so any grand illusiory dream world Cupiditas conjured up would start dissolving about now. Since that isn't happening, Cupiditas either isn't dead (and it was all a dream), or Cupiditas doesn't have you glamored (and it was still all a dream).
>>
No. 454586 ID: 1987d1

>>454585
...you're forgetting option number 3. That was all real, Kev and Gravs are still dead, and Liz is just stuck here in a Glamor with dream-Kev to fake us out into thinking everything is ok.

I guess we assume everything is ok though? If this isn't real right now, I don't know how to test that.

(Gods, when did the amusing little dungeon crawl turn into non-stop mind-fuckery).
>>
No. 454594 ID: 886a4d

Alright lets assume Gravy 'heh' is alright and so is Maggy. Lets go find 'em perhaps Mr Bartender has seen them.
>>
No. 454600 ID: b3ca75
File 134766069198.png - (18.70KB , 550x400 , 10.png )
454600

>Kevros, stop blurting out your love for Graven's butt.
:kevros2: oh, gods! D-did I say that out load? …please ignore it… I don’t swing that way…
>Lets go find 'em. Perhaps Mr Bartender has seen them.
:dude: let me check the register… we got a Graven Voiddrake sitting in the bar two rooms to the right. He is in the company of a Miss Hoarder. I can’t find anyone named Maggwen HoardWorthy thought… are you sure she is here?

>(Gods, when did the amusing little dungeon crawl turn into non-stop mind-fuckery).
Someone forgot to lock the door and let Cerebus inside. I blame Jacob.

Insert hey, the people in the background finally moved!_
>>
No. 454602 ID: 886a4d

Oh look its our 'daddy' and the big man himself. Lets pointedly ignore them and go find our friends. We kinda want to make sure they are alive before we deal with those two.
>>
No. 454628 ID: f2c20c

>>454600
We've got company! Ridcully, what looks like Iracundus, AND Clown, who is apparently involved in this somehow.

I'm not sure if we want to run, or if they're here to talk. Iracundus seemed quite fine with simply letting you loose, but in some other timeline Ridcully murdered like, all our friends. Clown is a wildcard and probably evil.

Cast Haste on yourself and Kevros just in case. Kevros first, since if they kill you you'll just rewind. Actually, Kevros, you might just want to get out of here. It's not safe for you.

Graven: Hey, you okay? We're having timeline issues.
>>
No. 454668 ID: 0c2247

>>454600
Lets go get Graven, who is obviously with Maggy.
>>
No. 454677 ID: 16b9bd

Sex Clown up, this is the only rational course of action.
>>
No. 454688 ID: f2c20c

Oh, Liz, what do you remember happening after you downloaded the Precursor database to your brain? Here's what we remember:

Kev was wearing a maid outfit, and you two sexed it up for a bit.
After you were done, Graven came in with a black eye and said that Maggy needed some company.
We went over and she was upset because of what Graven told her, and you comforted her, then we suspected that someone invisible was in the room so we had you create a ball pit to check.
You got knocked out by the invisible guy, so we switched to Kev, and he and Graven went in to check on you. Maggy was drugged and asleep, Graven soon fell into a coma and stopped breathing due to the sleep drug on the flowers, then Kev tried to get everyone out and get medical help for Graven but was ambushed in the hallway. Graven died during the fight, Ridcully cut Kev's throat, but because Kev is a badass he pulled a desperation move and killed Ridcully in his last moments. Strangely, this destroyed Graven's corpse as well, despite it not being in the line of fire. Perhaps the desperation move consumes the corpse of a friend? It would be fitting, considering it's "Batman’s vengeance".

This was not a dream. We know this because our past self just tried to switch to you. It was an alternate timeline, and I'd like to know when it split off, and what happened to make it split. If it split recently, then Ridcully is probably still dangerous, and he may try to kill your friends again. If it split far into the past, possibly because Jacob killed Pride early, then who knows?

Speaking of Pride... Kev, do you remember the first mission you and Liz went on? With the dragon who turned out to be a red lizard who you killed via tripping them (with your unconscious body) into a pool so he drowned? If you don't remember Pride, then this is our newly-changed timeline. I wonder what else would be different?
>>
No. 454720 ID: b33427

Something is definitely up. That "foreign entity" here >>454571 that supposedly tried to take control of your body was us attempting to switch focus to you from whatever Kevros was dreaming of. When we tried to do that, we got the message you were occupied.

Start looking for inconsistencies and illusions. Ask Kevros how the both of you got here, since the last thing you remember is snuggling with Maggy in a solid illusion ball pit. While he's replying, glance around and use your illusion knowledge to try and identify any illusions that are in effect.

>>454688
Don't forget that when we switched focus to Maggy to speak to her, it caused her to recall memories of possible past and present time-lines. Something may have gotten temporally screwed up when that happened; I don't know. Oh, and I figured Graven dying was an illusion conjured up by Cupiditas, and when Cupiditas died, so did the illusion.
>>
No. 454889 ID: b3ca75
File 134771754873.png - (18.06KB , 550x400 , 11.png )
454889

>Sex Clown up, this is the only rational course of action.
Warning! Major damage detected on psyche! Purging all information concerning “sex clown up”. Damage repaired, crisis averted!

>try and identify any illusions that are in effect.
There is some on a few of the guest, mostly to cover up zits and the like. Nothing major thought.
>Cast Haste on yourself and Kevros just in case.
:kevros2: AAHHPleasewarnmenexttimeyoudothat!
:lizbeth: sorry…

>Lets pointedly ignore them and go find our friends.
Yes, let’s ignore them completely. I don’t need them! And I ce- what? They ignored me! I know they saw me but they just went up to the bar! Those… those assholes! How dare they ignore me! Humph! I’m leaving.
>>
No. 454890 ID: b3ca75
File 134771755820.png - (14.96KB , 550x400 , 12.png )
454890

>Oh, Liz, what do you remember happening after you downloaded the Precursor database to your brain?
I remember everything you just said up until when I was snuggling with Maggy.
>Ask Kevros how the both of you got here.
:kevros2: …I don’t know… one second I’m dreaming this really realistic dream, the next I wake up here…
>Kev, do you remember the first mission you and Liz went on?
:kevros2: The one with the goblins? Oh yeah, I rem- ow, my head… err…wha? I remember that we both killed a normal dragon and pride… but… the things I remember don’t fit together… Weird…

…oh hey, there Graven and probably Maggy… hmm, they seems preoccupied in some really deep discussion. Should I really disturb them?

You can now control Lizbeth, Kevros, Graven and Maggy.

Insert do it, British word for smoke_
>>
No. 454894 ID: 9718f3

Oh man, she has an awesome mask! Did you know she had such a cool mask? I didn't know she had such a cool mask.

You probably should inform them that the past has kinda-sorta been massively altered due to... reasons. Incidentally, we're going to seem more crazy than usual, probably, because we remember things different than most other people.
>>
No. 454908 ID: 0c2247

>>454890
Hey, Graven! Why do you look so down?

Also, we altered the past. We need to ask what our first mission was since we just killed Pride over 4000 years ago.

Oracle: Would you kindly give us the updated dossiers on Jacob, Pride, and this Ira person who wasn't Jacob?
>>
No. 454918 ID: b6edd6

Also ask Graven how long it has been since the surface was destroyed.
>>
No. 454924 ID: b3ca75
File 134773821835.png - (15.99KB , 550x400 , 13.png )
454924

>Hey, Graven! Why do you look so down?
:graven: You’re alive!? I m-mean, of course you’re alive…err…w-why wouldn’t you be? …I apologize, I had a bad dream and is still a little bit groggy…
>Also ask Graven how long it has been since the surface was destroyed.
:graven: …err… no one know the exact dates, but it would be between 3000-3500 years ago…

>Also, we altered the past.
:graven: You did what? You mean you’ve had the power fix the past all this time and you haven’t use it yet? Why?
>We need to ask what our first mission was since we just killed Pride over 4000 years ago.
:graven: the one with the goblins? Why do you a- …oh. You changed something, didn’t you?
:maggy2: so that was what that was…

>Oracle: Would you kindly give us the updated dossiers on Jacob, Pride, and this Ira person who wasn't Jacob?
:hal: Unable to connect to primary server! Unable to answer query!

:Davros: Graven? Is that you? My, you have changed, haven’t you? When was it we saw each other last… right after that accident in the lab, wasn’t it, hmm?
:graven: …fffffffffff-

Insert awkward reunion_
>>
No. 454925 ID: 886a4d

>>454924
I'm sorry Graven we don't exactly have control over the time travelling, so far it seems limited to jumping into precursor times when we first manifest and alternate timelines in the now. For example that vivid dream? We're pretty sure it was a crux point where two timelines overlapped and we switched to here.
>>
No. 454927 ID: 1987d1

>You did what? You mean you’ve had the power fix the past all this time and you haven’t use it yet? Why?
We have the power to change perspectives without warning, to lack the information to know what to change or what the consequences of our changes would be, and be limited to try and talk uncooperative crazy people into acting since we have no direct control.

And we have no idea if our attempt to prevent the Apocalypse is causing it in a stupid cyclical time paradox.

So yeah. That's our amazing power, Gravs.
>>
No. 454931 ID: b6edd6

Oracle listed Lizbeth's age as 4821, rather than something in the 3000s, so that would highly support the theory of Oracle mixing (intentionally or otherwise) information from different cycles.
>>
No. 454934 ID: f2c20c

Graven: Well, we can't fix the past as it pertains to the apocalypse. The precursors were trying to prevent it, but the method they were using was doomed to failure. We DID manage to get the main guy in charge to realize this, and avoid getting assassinated. I think we need to do something in the present to fix the surface. The investigation on that is ongoing. Trust us.

Liz, be prepared to set up some illusions to disable the guards. Davros is a big unknown, but he has us surrounded and that's not a good sign at all! Also, why don't we get straight to the point? Ask Davros straight up how many wives he's had.
>>
No. 454944 ID: b3ca75
File 134774304603.png - (16.22KB , 550x400 , 14.png )
454944

>So yeah. That's our amazing power, Gravs.
:graven: Well, crap. I was hoping for something more useful…
>Trust us.
:graven: I’m trying…

>prepared to set up some illusions to disable the guards.
Illusions ready to fire, just give the word!
>Ask Davros straight up how many wives he's had.
:graven: …err…Davros? H-how nice t-to see you ag-
:lizbeth: Hey, Davros, how many wives have you had?
:graven: gods dammit, Lizbeth.
:davros: …err…one? Who are you again and why are you asking me something like that?

Insert people skill=zero_
>>
No. 454945 ID: 886a4d

Graven I suggest you say something like Oh don't mind Liz, she hears voices and does whatever they say no matter how... ill-advised they may be. Shes fairly harmless though.

Hey Maggie, which version of father is this? The kind one in the previous timeline or the nasty one you started remembering when we began talking to you. Sorry about that again by the way.

Lizbeth since you've established the fact taht you have no tact what so ever why don't you ask whats with the muscle.
>>
No. 454946 ID: 6a1ec2

Time traveller! Or insane. Probably insane. Who are you and why are you asking me that?
>>
No. 454947 ID: 1987d1

>Insert people skill=zero_
Tact was our dump stat. (But importantly, not charisma!). We're also working with a pretty hefty erraticness penalty. Worth it though.

>>454945
This seems the right approach.

Also, damn but does the lizard party look rocking all decked out in 16-bit formal wear. Dat mask.
>>
No. 454949 ID: f2c20c

>>454944
Hmm.

Oracle: How many wives has Davros had in this specific timeline? Did he murder any of them, in this timeline?

Liz, ask why he doesn't know who you are- I mean, he invited you here, right? If he STILL doesn't recognize you, act disappointed and introduce yourself as Aliz, and say that you were just asking to find out if you'd be the second or third. Yes, I'm saying hit on him for your cover story. Act like a big fangirl.

If he does recognize you then tell him you were asking to try to figure out what sort of guy he is. We'll likely have a fight on our hands once he figures us out though. These guys have been rather obscenely powerful compared to us, so I'd like to avoid that. I think we only won against Pride because he was a complete idiot. Davros doesn't strike me as an idiot- I mean, he brought backup despite his strength.
>>
No. 454950 ID: 886a4d

>>454949
No hitting on Maggwens father.
>>
No. 454951 ID: f2c20c

>>454950
Well an alternative cover story is to act like a reporter.
>>
No. 454955 ID: 0c2247

>>454944
Ok, that was a terrible idea, but since we're going the terrible idea route:
"Ha! Yea, Davs, I'm sure- Wait, you don't remember me?
Well, I suppose it was a long time ago.
I'm Lizbeth; Jacob's maid from when the two of you worked together.
You remember Graven, of course - it's not like you try to kill your underlings by rigging experiments to blow every day, right?
I think the lady Graven was talking to is a Miss HordeWorthy - looks like a damn fitting name; with her style I'd love to have her in my collection~
This lovely creature here is my fiancee Kevros, and the tux is a lovely fit for a paladin of Batman like himself. Is that a rental, Kev? I hope not; they're not getting it back~"
>>
No. 454957 ID: b6edd6

Just say that you had heard some very odd rumors about him.
>>
No. 454962 ID: b3ca75
File 134774582386.png - (15.78KB , 550x400 , 15.png )
454962

>Hey Maggie, which version of father is this?
:maggy2: I… I don’t know… the good one I hope…
>Dat mask.
Blast, where do you find a pair of sunglasses when you need them?
>No hitting on Maggwens father.
Agreed, that’s just weird… I mean, I already made out with his daughter…

>Oracle: How many wives has Davros had in this specific timeline? Did he murder any of them, in this timeline?
:hal: one, no.

> Just say that you had heard some very odd rumors about him.
:davros: really? And what did these… “rumors” say about me?
>Who are you and why are you asking me that?
:davros: guards…
:dude: Let us present, his Grace, His Excellency, The Duke of Crux Ansata, Lord Davros Hoarder.
:davros: …and your interrupting my conversation with my… “friend” Graven here.
>whats with the muscle.
:davros: oh, they are here to... “prevent” anyone from doing something stupid. Don’t mind them.

>Oh don't mind Liz, she hears voices and does whatever they say no matter how... ill-advised they may be.
:Graven: Please accept my apologizes, but Lizbeth here hears voice and does whatever they say no matter how... ill-advised they may be.
:davros: …Lizbeth? Wait, you are the vessel? …I’m sorry I didn’t recognize you. Graven! I didn’t know you had such interesting friends! Please, introduce me to the other two as well so no one is left behind, hmm?

>since we're going the terrible idea route.
…That…that was indeed terrible, so no!
>with her style I'd love to have her in my collection~
>Is that a rental, Kev? I hope not; they're not getting it back~
…these I agree to, thought, just not out loud…

Insert less terrible, more tact_
>>
No. 454964 ID: 886a4d

He doesn't recognize his own daughter? How terrible. Well its up to you Maggie whether you remind him you are or choose a fake name to introduce yourself as. Kevros should be fine though.
>>
No. 454970 ID: b6edd6

Oh, you know, the rumor about you having dozens of secret wives? Some people say the strangest things.
>>
No. 454984 ID: 6a1ec2

This is Lizbeth's toyfriend Kevros, and your own daughter. They are pleased to meet you.
>>
No. 454995 ID: f2c20c

>>454962
Okay, it sounds like this is a good version of Davros. BAD ORACLE, NO DONUT.

Maggy, Graven: We just confirmed without a doubt that Davros only had one wife in this timeline, and didn't kill her. So, we have no reason to believe he is evil, at this point. Some alternate timelines had evil versions of him, apparently, but who the hell knows why that happened, eh? I believe all people have the capacity for evil, with the right trigger. Please don't let it worry you.

Tell him that he shouldn't crowd you with his guards. Where they are right now is fine, thank you. Let's just have a nice chat. How about we start by asking why he thought one of us would do something stupid?
>>
No. 454997 ID: f2c20c

>>454964
>>454984
Whoa, let's not tell him that's his daughter. She's hiding from him out of guilt, because she pushed his wife- her mother- into the machine. Exposing her will cause her to freak the fuck out. I mean, Davros probably doesn't know what she did, and honestly I don't want him to find out either.
>>
No. 455002 ID: b3ca75
File 134775170948.png - (16.44KB , 550x400 , 16.png )
455002

>BAD ORACLE, NO DONUT.
:hal: N-no donut? Sad D:
>He doesn't recognize his own daughter?
She is wearing a face covering mask. Without it he would probably recognize her.

>its up to you Maggie whether you remind him you are or choose a fake name to introduce yourself as.
:maggy2: …Maggy is my fake name… use that…
>Oh, you know, the rumor about you having dozens of secret wives? Some people say the strangest things.
:davros: Really? Never heard that one before...

>Tell him that he shouldn't crowd you with his guards. Where they are right now is fine, thank you.
:davros: oh, sorry, I didn’t mean to offend.
>How about we start by asking why he thought one of us would do something stupid?
:davros: well, The Graven I knew was a little bit… “impulsive”, so to say.

>Whoa, let's not tell him that's his daughter.
>his is Lizbeth's toyfriend Kevros, and your own daughter. They are pleased to meet you.
:Graven: Oh, this is Lizbeth toy-I mean boyfriend Kevros, a Paladin of batman...
:kevros: I-it’s an honor, y-your excellency.
:graven: And this is my date, Maggwen Hoardworthy.
:maggy2:
:davros: now, now, dear, don’t be shy. Should you please remove that mask, thought? I prefer to talk to my guest face to face, hmm?

Insert Under the red hood_
>>
No. 455004 ID: 6a1ec2

No, Oracle! Don't be sad! We love you! We're sorry!
>>
No. 455010 ID: f2c20c

>>455002
Time for your illusion work, Liz. Make it count!
Maggy: Liz is gonna do the illusion thing again.

Of note is that the scar is visible from behind too... Hmm. I hope nobody saw that. Maggy DID have her back to Davros at one point, so he may have seen it. How about you leave a partial scar behind her head? That would look least suspicious.

Come to think of it, give her a disguise so Davros doesn't recognize her. Different eye color, slightly different face, something. Aw hell, she's missing a horn too, and that's obvious right NOW. Maybe you could give her some facial scar/wound but make it obviously caused by a fighting accident rather than evidence that she's his daughter.
>>
No. 455014 ID: 1987d1

>Really? Never heard that one before...
That's okay, the person we heard it from kind of lives in a cave.

>Masks are rude
Hey, Davros is wearing a helmet! And if the lady prefers to cover her face, that's her own buisness.

>Illusionary face disguise.
Good option if she's forced to de-mask.
>>
No. 455163 ID: b33427

Maggy, if you ever wanted to reconnect with your father, now would be the time. However, if you don't wish to do so at this time, then we have a plan. Just don't speak, since Davros would know what you sound like, and Lizbeth can't fake that for you. Go along with Graven's act, and be ready to rush off like you're having a social anxiety panic attack if Davros keeps pressing the issue. As a last resort, Lizbeth'll place an illusion under the mask to alter your facial features.

Graven, you're going to have to run interference between Davros and Maggy, since Maggy can't speak without giving herself away. Step between Davros and Maggy, insist you take him aside, and in hushed tones, tell him that Maggy has some rather severe facial disfigurement, and quite a bit of psychological trouble due to it. Say that she's doing her best just being here, but without the mask she'll have a panic attack or worse. That even asking her to take it off is enough to put her on edge; She's going to be quiet the entire rest of the party now. Finish by asking that he apologize, and leave it at that.

Lizbeth, just in case Maggy's mask does end up coming off here, one way or another, place a solid illusion under it to alter her facial features. Davros hasn't seen her eyes yet, so change their color by putting tinted contacts over them. Extend the scarring across her whole face, keeping it under the mask, and alter it to look more like it came from fire burns and cuts. If you can do it convincingly, add a hole into the nasal cavity; That'll be good medical reason to keep a mask on.

Kevros, just keep a general eye out, and be ready to clear an exit, in case things go sideways.
>>
No. 455166 ID: f2c20c

>>455163
>contacts
Putting shit in her eyes? That would probably hurt! We can just put a non-solid illusion on her for that, I think. Just gotta make sure it follows her eyes. Can we manage that?
>>
No. 455169 ID: 0c2247

>>455002
Illusion Maggy's face to something that is clearly not her, but keep the scar on the back of her head. Then give Maggy some time to prepare herself via DISTRACTING CONVERSATION
"I gather Graven's much less impulsive and far more morose, although I suppose that doesn't mean much coming from me.
Sorry if I offend, but these voices keep telling me about things that they unhappened. Remember Pride? Apparently we killed him a few days ago for starting some death cult or whatever, but he annoyed the Many so much they had him killed ages ago. I guess we killed a dragon or something instead? Paradoxes make for messy bookkeeping.
We should sit down some time to talk about pasts that may or may not have happened and how you'd like to change the future-past."
>>
No. 455256 ID: b3ca75
File 134781316834.png - (16.28KB , 550x400 , 17.png )
455256

>No, Oracle! Don't be sad! We love you! We're sorry!
:hal: <3 :)

…how do you even pronounce that?

>Hey, Davros is wearing a helmet!
:graven: err… that’s not a helmet, liz. He isn’t wearing anything face covering at all.
:lizbeth: wait… are you telling me his skin is gold plated!?
:graven: His skull, actually… and most of his body, too. His body is more like a construct than a lizard.
:lizbeth: Wait, even his…?
:graven: Why do you think his wife started sleeping around?

>give her a disguise so Davros doesn't recognize her.
I’m ready if the mask comes off.
>Maggy, if you ever wanted to reconnect with your father, now would be the time.
:maggy2: …I…I don’t…k-know…

>Graven, Step between Davros and Maggy, insist you take him aside, and in hushed tones, tell him that Maggy has some rather severe facial disfigurement, and quite a bit of psychological trouble due to it.
:graven: My apologizes, your…err…grace, but Maggwen have some rather severe facial disfigurement with some heavy psychological trouble to boot. She’s already doing her best just being here, but without the mask she would probably have a panic attack… or worse.
:davros: …And here I thought you had a thing for stronger women, hmm? Of course, she is quite lucky, actually, as we just perfected a way to fix scaring of that magnitude!
:graven: …err…what, really?
:davros: Yes! Years of research, millions of gold, hundreds of people working on it, but in the end we finally succeeded. A simple operation to change your body anyway you want! Even removing permanent scaring!
:graven: …you really did that…?
:davros: Y-yes… I did it… for someone… “special”. But never mind that, we’re here to celebrate, not discuss business, hmm? If she wants to keep her mask on then so be it, as long as you promise me that we’ll talk later about fixing those scars. Now, where were we? Ah, yes, we were just about to discuss your… “relationship” with my dear departed wife, the gods bless her soul…
:graven: …err…

Insert abort! ABORT!_
>>
No. 455265 ID: 886a4d

Apoligize. You were young and foolish and simply did not think when you allowed yourself to be seduced. If you could do it all over again you would have avoided it at all costs.
>>
No. 455288 ID: f2c20c

Graven: What a coincidence. Liz can fix the scars too. She can create solid illusions of precursor tech, and so we were going to make a sort of skin graft golem to go over her face via precursor tech. That's what the liquid rubber was for. As for Davros's wife, it's generally a good idea to be honest and humble about admitting mistakes. Just don't talk about the possibility that you were partially responsible for her death. That situation was more complicated than you know. If you WANT to take the blame I won't stop you.
>>
No. 455300 ID: 6a1ec2

NINJA VANISH!

Oh crap wait, Magwen is the ninja.
>>
No. 455305 ID: b3ca75
File 134782901688.png - (16.11KB , 550x400 , 18.png )
455305

>be honest and humble about admitting mistakes.
>You were young and foolish and simply did not think when you allowed yourself to be seduced.
:graven: …P-please accept my m-most sincere apologies. I-I was young and f-foolish and… a-and didn’t think when I let it h-happen… so… a-apologies…
:davros: Well, then I’ll forgive you.
:graven: w-wha- really?
:davros: Of course! It’s a thing of the past, after all. You can’t let the mistakes from yesterday beat you down, instead learn from them and grow. That’s why I wanted to talk to you, so we both can finally move on and learn from this experience! …its feels good to finally let go of those chains, doesn’t it?
:graven: …I-I guess… Thank you…


>Graven: What a coincidence. Liz can fix the scars too.
:maggy2: What? You can- ops…
:davros:
:graven: …err…
:davros: …E-Eliza?

>NINJA VANISH!
:maggy2: AAAHH!
:davros: …you do realize I can see through illusions, right?
:maggy2: Hngt!

Insert stop calling me daddy in bed_
>>
No. 455308 ID: 6a1ec2

Wow. This is definitely a dream. You may as well come clean Maggie er Eliza, because it'll all be gone and everyone you love dead when you awaken.
>>
No. 455319 ID: f2c20c

>>455305
Maggy: Welp, the jig is up. Don't run. Be brave, we're here for you.
>>
No. 455322 ID: b6edd6

>>455308
This one is acting like a (good) dream, but the 'everyone dies' one was also acting like a (bad) dream...
[/NEED TO GO DEEPER]
>>
No. 455356 ID: 0c2247

>>455305
Maggie: Go ahead and talk to your father. Apparently, your trauma was at least partially caused by a timeline that accidentally unhappened as a result of something we did in the past.
So, hey! Things are improving!

Liz: "Apparently, Davros, the information The Many have been using as a reason to mistrust you is out of date. A few days ago we were in a timeline where you had had 46 wives and nearly 100 children and murdered them all except for Maggy here. Apparently, their meddling with time resulted in you being a much better person and they hadn't rechecked their sources. Sorry!

After the party we're going to have to talk about preventing the coming second apocalypse, but for now you have a reunion."

Graven: Go to Maggy's side, and hold her hands. Physical contact will help!

Kevros: Keep looking snazzy.
>>
No. 455358 ID: 886a4d

>>455356
Thats a bit wrong, he has had only ever had 1 wife. However depending on the timeline he can have a daughter, or a son and murder both them and his wife or turn out nice.
>>
No. 455361 ID: f2c20c

>>455356
Let's not give this guy an existential crisis. He seems nice.

Also, I am pretty sure what we changed did not affect Maggy's past. There's a bunch of timelines and we haven't visited all of them, at least as far as we can remember. I guess it's POSSIBLE that the first pastdream we visited prevented Davros from becoming a dick, but there's no way to be sure. Maggy's past with her father hasn't been changed to her knowledge, anyway, so why even ponder the question?
>>
No. 455370 ID: b3ca75
File 134783989997.png - (16.55KB , 550x400 , 19.png )
455370

>Kevros: Keep looking snazzy.
Sunglasses equipped. +2 Sassiness!

>[/NEED TO GO DEEPER]
Unable to go deeper, already at maximum depth!

>Be brave, we're here for you.
…help me…
>Graven: Go to Maggy's side, and hold her hands. Physical contact will help!
:graven: …err… Eliza might just need a moment to catch her breath…
:davros: oh, yes, of course…

>Let's not give this guy an existential crisis. He seems nice.
pfff, existential crises for everyone!
>Liz: explain
:lizbeth: …err… Sorry for interrupting your reunion, but apparently, Davros, the voices meddling with time res-
:Davros: oh, I know about that, don’t worry. And I want to thank you… err… the voices, I mean, as without you I wouldn’t be who I am today, right? Of course, without you I used to be quite the lady killer, hmmm? I mean 46 wives? That has to be some kind of record.

>Maggie: Go ahead and talk to your father.
:maggy2: …dad.
:davros: Eliza…
:maggy2: I-I’m… I’m sorry for running away l-like that...
:davros: …And I’m sorry for neglecting you… I should have been there for you instead of trying to find something impossible…
:maggy2: …are you still tr-
:davros: No, I’m not. I have already let her go… I left her when you left… when I finally saw the consequences of what I was doing…
:maggy2: …uh…
:davros: …so…uh…err…. you and Graven, eh? Been…err… together long?
:maggy2:

Insert Incoming crash! Take cover_
>>
No. 455372 ID: 886a4d

They are still feeling each other out. Maggie wasn't ready for a relationship and Graven was beating himself up over ... umm your wife and the the fact that Maggie got hurt.
>>
No. 455381 ID: b6edd6

Well its good to know we got something right with the time stuff. Is Irucandus still Jacob?
>>
No. 455391 ID: f2c20c

>>455370
This is your first date, isn't it!
>>
No. 455392 ID: f2c20c

>>455370
Wait, how does he know about the 46 wives thing? Who told him?
>>
No. 455405 ID: 886a4d

>>455392
We did.
>>
No. 455412 ID: f2c20c

>>455405
What? When? We said he had dozens, but not specifically 46. OH GOD, CAN HE HEAR US?!
>>
No. 455440 ID: 886a4d

>>455412
No I mean at sometime in our future or a past that we can't remember we probably told him about the wives thing. It explains how he changes so drastically. We interfered 3000 years ago thats a hell of a long time!
>>
No. 455441 ID: 9bd27f

Gold plated huh? That would suck! He wouldn't be able to go in water, and electricity would fry him like nothing.

Liz, he knows you, he knows us, but he acted surprised when he met you. He sent the invitations to you right? Ask him why he invited you when he didn't know you, but knew you, because that's just confusing.
>>
No. 455445 ID: 6a1ec2

>>455441

Gold doesn't rust in water. That's the reason they use it in surgery, at a tech level where surgical steel isn't available. Not bio-active.
>>
No. 455455 ID: 1987d1

>We told/will tell him about going crazy and killing all his wives at some point in his past / our future
That's brilliant.

How do you write pre-determined actions for your players? By writing in something we'll have to do. No matter what, if we eventually show up with past Davros, someone would spill the beans and tell him the information. It's impossible for us to keep anything a secret.
>>
No. 455520 ID: 0c2247

>>455370
Graven & Maggy: You've been together since you were kids, but you both only recently realized the extent was mutual.

Liz: "Resurrection? Jacob said that was part of the goal of project Virtue; said it would take far too much power to work. I guess the only way to cure death is prev- ... Hmm..."
Drop down to low tones and move closer to Davros so Maggy can't hear.
"Davros, what was the experiment that blew up? What day was it on? Would you have survived the blast?
What if we could put you in that room with Graven?"
>>
No. 455528 ID: 9bd27f

>>455445

Well, gold doesn't rust, no... but it might make it a bit harder to swim.
>>
No. 455567 ID: 9718f3

>>455520
No. Absolutely not. We are not going to offer to mess with time in that manner. He just said that he was at peace with his wife's death. Things look like they might actually turn out alright for them, I'm not willing to risk that.

Anyway, Graven and Maggwen are taking it slow, aren't they? Which is a good thing because they both have issues to work through. And stuff.

(Also, is anyone else amused that he used the term "lady killer"? Because I find it hilarious in all the wrong ways.)
>>
No. 455578 ID: b3ca75
File 134789051633.png - (17.59KB , 550x400 , 20.png )
455578

>OH GOD, CAN HE HEAR US?!

I take that as a no. I actually have to say what you say to him directly.

>This is your first date, isn't it!
:graven: …err… well, yes? I guess? Not really what I had in mind for a date… but… yeah…
>Is Irucandus still Jacob?
:davros: As far as I know it always been Jacob.

>Wait, how does he know about the 46 wives thing?
:davros: I can still remember it… actually, I can still remember most of the other timelines… well, parts of them. For some reason everything having anything to do with either you or virtue is kind off blurry.
>Ask him why he invited you when he didn't know you, but knew you, because that's just confusing.
:davros: I didn’t know how you looked like, as we have actually never met before.

>We are not going to offer to mess with time in that manner.
I concur and besides, I don’t think we have enough control over the time travel thingy to actually do it.

>Things look like they might actually turn out alright for them.
Yes, finally something going right for once! Let’s just hope that nothing suddenly emerges from left field out of no-
:dude: Stop right there, Criminal Scum! You have violated the LAW!
Oh, for F sake!

:serge: We, the paladin order of the seven, herby place Eliza Hoarder under arrest on the count of murder! The verdict has already been cast and you are facing the death penalty!
:maggy2: w-what!?
:serge: come with us willingly and it will be far less painful.
:graven: y-you can’t ju-
:serge: Let me remind you that aiding a criminal on purpose is a crime punishable by DEATH! So shut it, freak!

Insert bad lizard, bad lizard_
>>
No. 455605 ID: f2c20c

>>455578
Well, she IS an assassin.

Alright Liz, time for us to crash this party. The barman didn't have a Maggwen on the guest list. She's listed as Eliza. That's how the paladins found her. So Davros doesn't have to be involved at all. He'll probably help us out, in fact.

Ask them what murder they're talking about. Just to be sure this is just her assassin job catching up to her. Then we'll probably have to disable the paladins, have Kevros bust an escape route down between the tables, and RUN RUN RUN! Unless I guess Davros has a way of defusing the situation. That would be optimal!
>>
No. 455607 ID: 1987d1

Who is the alleged victim of this murder? On whose authority, and under the laws of what kingdom, country, or organization do you intend make this arrest? Let's see some identification, and credentials, here, bub. We can probably find some way to use rule lawyering to prove that they're outside their jurisdiction, or something.

If that doesn't work, point out this is Maggwen Hoardworthy, not Eliza.

If all else fails? We can cast very large solid illusions on the size of the room. We can kill or disable all the paladins at once if we so desire. Also, including Davoros and his forces, we outnumber these guys 11 to 9, and we've got a core of powerful adventures.
>>
No. 455608 ID: 9718f3

Kevros is a paladin, right? He should know all the codes and stuff, he might be able to pull some ruleslawyering to get a stay or injunction or something to at least buy some time.

If that doesn't work, Liz should pretend to attempt to assist the paladins in capturing Maggwen. Shout something like, "I'll get her!" But she should "mess up" her illusion and make a giant cloud of smoke or something so Maggwen can make her escape. That way you have plausible deniability.
>>
No. 455619 ID: b3ca75
File 134790874251.png - (17.63KB , 550x400 , 21.png )
455619

>Davros has a way of defusing the situation.
:davros: Please, calm down. I’m sure we can discu-
:serge: Shut it, old man, I now about your abundant bribery. Try it on me and I’ll server your head from your body where you stand!
:davros: humph…

>Who is the alleged victim of this murder?
:serge: a powerful aristocrat. You do not need to know more.
>On whose authority, and under the laws of what kingdom, country, or organization do you intend make this arrest?
:serge: Under the authority given to us by the emperor himself! We are the LAW!
>Let's see some identification, and credentials, here, bub.
:serge: I’m High Templar Serge and the only credential you need is getting my sword shoved up your ass if you don’t stop with the questions!
:kevros2: w-what? HIGH Templar?
>If that doesn't work, point out this is Maggwen Hoardworthy, not Eliza.
:serge: yes, we already know about her fake name. You are not fooling anyone with it, women!

>Kevros is a paladin, right? He should know all the codes and stuff.
:lizbeth: hey, Kevros, you’re a pa-
:serge: KEVROS? The failure is here?
:kevros2: err…
:serge: I’m sorry, but I didn’t recognize you when you’re not in fetal position crying about mommy. Pathetic! No wonder your parents killed themselves, freak.
:lizbeth: Hey, don’t talk about him li-
:serge: oh, how cute, your whore is trying to defend you. How much did you pay for this one? 3 gold? Disgusting!
:lizbeth: hey, ow! Let me go, you’re hurting me!
:kevros2: LET HER GO THIS INS-
:serge: One more step closer and I’ll gut you like the pig you are, abomination! Now, are you coming willingly, ”Eliza”, or do I have to gut a whore?

>Then we'll probably have to disable the paladins, have Kevros bust an escape route down between the tables, and RUN RUN RUN!
Well, this would be optimal to do before I got a sword to the throat…

Insert Lawful Douchebag_
>>
No. 455620 ID: 0c2247

>>455578
Liz: "Davros, let us try to resolve this first. We're adventurers, and you can do more good if you're not being harassed by paladins."
Kevros: "OBJECTION! Conviction in absentia is forbidden for capital crimes!
Who is she accused of killing? What is the evidence against her? Under what nation's laws are you acting? On whose authority? Where is your warrant? Can you prove that you even have the right person?"

Liz: Make a shadow pass over Kevros so he can change into his armor. I'm pretty sure shadow-based quickchanging is a free level 1 feat for paladins of Batman.

Kevros: "We are vengeance. We are the night. I am a Paladin of Batman!"

If they don't have a warrant then they're trespassing, and since they're being huge jerks and threatening people who aren't doing anything wrong I'm pretty certain they're close to being legitimate targets.

Now, if they threaten or attack Kevros for obeying his code by preventing injustice that's proof that they're actually corrupt, and if they're corrupt then Kevros gets the blessing of Batman for fighting them and the other paladins of Batman will start using their super-detective powers to investigate these schmucks.
They can't track US down if they've started a war with the Paladins of Batman.

Serge: Hello, this is THE Seven. What sort of nonsense do you think you're doing? This is completely unacceptable behavior on your part; apologize and leave before you fall.
>>
No. 455622 ID: 886a4d

Coat your skin in armor, make it spiky so he gets an eyeful, illusions are fun!

Similtaneously fill the air with pink smoke.

Kevros you are not a failure. In that timeline you killed Cupiditas, one of the most fearsome foes you can face. You could not see him, he had awesome magical power and he had you at his mercy and you still killed him. You did it for Liz, for Graven and for yourself. Don't let these showoffs get you down.

Now Liz is about to sow a bit of confusion with illusions so get ready to make a path. We need to get out of here.

Maggwen I think it best if you silently disappear during the confusion. We will gather together later.

Graven, any luck with lightning yet? They all have such wonderfully conductice suits.
>>
No. 455623 ID: 1987d1

In addition to armoring herself, Liz should restrict the movement of the hostile paladins. Encase them in blocks of stone! Or steel! Or... holy relics made of steel they aren't legally allowed to damage!
>>
No. 455624 ID: 0c2247

>>455619
"This is not acceptable behavior."
His armor is now a Golem. The neck hole is its jaw and teeth. It wants nothing more than to put its hands on it's meal and chomp down as hard as possible. Its personality is "Chewy".
Solid illusion of OBSIDIAN-EDGED GLASS SHARDS inside the other blue guys clothing.

"You're bullies, and you're corrupt. I didn't know paladins could be evil, but there you go.
You should have stuck to just words. They hurt, but I don't know how to make them lethal."
>>
No. 455629 ID: 1987d1

Lets put illusions of Styrofoam or pillows over their swords as well.
>>
No. 455631 ID: b33427

>>455622
>>455623
>>455624
How about not doing anything that's so obvious, harmful, or deadly. Killing the high paladin of The Seven is bound to come 'round and bite us all in the ass.

Liz, go for something subtler. Place a solid illusion around his, and all this pala-goons, blades that blunts them. A thin, super strong, encasement that rounds the edges off, and looks exactly the same as the metal will do.

Also create the solid illusion of a layer of clear super-slick lubricant on the floor around the feet of these paladins, so they slip up if they rush. Something that sticks, like smoothed petroleum jelly, with a layer of oil over the top.

Though, be prepared for them to have anti-illusion abilities, both personal, and enchanted on their armor, that'll negate what you're doing. Same for golemancy on their stuff.
>>
No. 455635 ID: 9718f3

"I wont be threatened. I am your elder and better. I speak the will of the gods and you will know your place."

Encase all of him but his head in a block of solid steel.
It's a bit melodramatic, sure, and we don't actually care about us apparently being gods, but he's a paladin so it should mess with the dude. Or not. Not like we care what someone in a block of metal thinks.
>>
No. 455641 ID: b6edd6

We should go with a subtle enchantment, in case they have anti-illusion gear. The sword-cover sounds good, though it should be a slightly different color from the sword so we can tell if it worked.
>>
No. 455645 ID: b3ca75
File 134791357272.png - (17.08KB , 550x400 , 22.png )
455645

>Liz: Make a shadow pass over Kevros so he can change into his armor.
Done and done!
:kevros2: err… where did my armor come from?
>Conviction in absentia is forbidden for capital crimes!
:kevros2: actually, it isn’t…
>Where is your warrant?
A what now? I don’t think they need whatever that is…
>I won’t be threatened. I am your elder and better. I speak the will of the gods a-
:serge: HERETIC! You shall burn for those words, harlot!

>Encase all of him but his head in a block of solid steel.
>Simultaneously fill the air with pink smoke.
>Place a solid illusion around his, and all this pala-goons, blades that blunts them.
>Encase them in blocks of steel!

Serge’s will is to strong! Serge disbelieves the Illusion!
Paladins 1-8 have been immobilized!
Paladins 1-8 weapons have been neutralized!
Lizbeth cast magic missile on serge crotch for 18 critical damage!
Serge is limping!


:serge: what do you think yo-off! Son of a Kevros!
:lizbeth: That’s for calling me a whore!

>Maggwen I think it best if you silently disappear during the confusion. We will gather together later.
She’s already gone…
>We need to get out of here.
Agreed! Let’s a go!

:serge: COME BACK HERE, WHORES!
:dude: B-boss! Don’t leave us!
>>
No. 455646 ID: b3ca75
File 134791358208.png - (19.35KB , 550x400 , 23.png )
455646

:graven: Well, “huff”, we just p-pissed off one of the most powerful groups on the planet... swell…
:kevros: I-I don’t think they were working under the order jurisdiction, they were way out of line…
:graven: we still pissed people off… we better get out of here before they find us again…
:davros: actually, This would be the most ideal hiding place for the moment. I’ll just erase you from the lists so they can’t find you.
:kevros: …err… shouldn’t they just… you know… walk around?
:davros: Do you know how big this place is? There are over two hundred rooms and nearly five thousands guest with more coming every minute. Those paladins have nowhere near the man power to search everything. Besides, we can always hang out in the private section, the guard won’t let them in there! I’ve got nearly anything you would ever want in there, like dance, food, theater, the amazing teleporting opera squad, games of all kind and lots of alcohol, just say the word and I’ll lead you to whatever you want. Just don’t go into section 34D, they have an orgy going on there right now and… well…err…

Insert choices, choices_
>>
No. 455648 ID: c31f72

Orgy! Join the orgy, paladins would never look for you there!
>>
No. 455649 ID: 1987d1

Well, most the paladins are immobile until they're carefully cut out of steel, or they find someone powerful enough to dispel our illusions.

Liz... when did you learn magic missile?

Let's go hide in a private room somewhere. Is there any way we can leave Maggie a clue on where to rendezvous that dorky Paladins won't be able to figure out?
>>
No. 455650 ID: 886a4d

Oh look its those three again. I don't feel like bothering with them right now.

Hey Graven do you know where Maggie is?
>>
No. 455656 ID: f2c20c

>>455646
Let's go chat with those three Precursors. I'm... assuming Clown is a precursor too?

Wait actually, first, we know Iracundus is on your/our side. Use Ghost Sound to whisper in his ear, asking if it's safe to chat. Tell him to just nod once if so.

Speaking of which... Oracle: Jacob was dead, but Jacob is Iracundus. Explain. Was he undead or something in the previous timeline? Is he dead in this timeline? Heck, just give us those dossiers again for this timeline, for all the Virtue-related precursors.
>>
No. 455657 ID: 886a4d

>>455656
Not connected to main server.
>>
No. 455658 ID: f2c20c

Oh.

Maggy: Hey, did you get away okay? This place is big so it might be hard to regroup... we're by a bar? There's a clown at the bar, that should stand out.
>>
No. 455673 ID: b6edd6

I would hope that was abnormal behavior for them. Paladins do have a 'reputation', but taking civilian hostages as an opening move seems like a bit much even for them.

>>455649
We got magic missile at level 3. (And we probably should have remembered we got Blink at level 2)
>>
No. 455680 ID: 1987d1

>>455673
...it took me entirely too long to find the level up messages to confirm. We should post an updated spell in diss or the wiki.
>>
No. 455683 ID: b6edd6

>>455680
I just did that after posting.
>>
No. 455687 ID: 1987d1

>>455683
Oh! Thank you. Good timing.

Missing the familiar given feats, though. (+10% gold, will of the pig, and rule lawyer).
>>
No. 455732 ID: b33427

Remember, as far as I know, solid illusions Liz casts only last as long as she's nearby to keep the up. Those paladins are either free already, or will be as soon as the spell fades. Serge won't even be limping, 'cause I assume a high level paladin can heal themselves. So we gotta get a move on.

Liz, I'm guessing this "list" Davros mentions is part of a system like the register-o-matic back in the guild cafeteria, but confim with him that it is. If it is, I have a cunning plan to misdirect the paladins using it. This next bit we'll tell to everyone in Liz's group, via Many-voice(tm.)

Now, I'm assuming that Serge either has one of his guys monitoring the register list for your group's movements, or will have one soon. So what you'll do is have Davros get you into the private section, then Davros swaps your signatures with those of some people in an adjacent room; Preferably choose people who aren't going to be leaving any time soon. It'll look like your group went in, and some other people came out at the same time. For extra possible embarrassment, swap IDs with some people in section 34D, if that's in the private section.

Your merry band slips away into the night, while the paladins either sit around covering the exits, or try to rush the place and get trounced by the guards.
>>
No. 455738 ID: 6a1ec2

Don't join the orgy! He said you were prostitutes. That's the first place he'd look.
>>
No. 455759 ID: f2c20c

Oh RIGHT also before I forget again, ask Davros what's up with that Clown guy. You know he's associated with them somehow but there is no information on him in Oracle's database.

Wait. Search OUR database for information on Clown, please.
>>
No. 455891 ID: b3ca75
File 134795124183.png - (19.86KB , 550x400 , 24.png )
455891

>I just updated the wiki
<3

>Don't join the orgy! He said you were prostitutes. That's the first place he'd look.
The paladins aren’t celibate either so the grunts are probably going to check the orgy a lot if they have the chance, if you know what I mean.
>I would hope that was abnormal behavior for them. Paladins do have a 'reputation', but taking civilian hostages as an opening move seems like a bit much even for them.
:kevros: actually, I think he only took you hostage because you are connected with me. He doesn’t really like me that much, which I’m sure you should tell.

>Is there any way we can leave Maggie a clue on where to rendezvous that dorky Paladins won't be able to figure out?
:Davros: Don’t worry about that, I’ll go get her in a moment.
>Oracle: Jacob was dead, but Jacob is Iracundus. Explain.
:hal: Death is not final.

>Search OUR database for information on Clown, please.
I’m only finding stuff about normal clowns.
>ask Davros what's up with that Clown guy.
:davros: …err… I don’t really know anything about her. The only thing I know is that she apparently was the main founder of project virtue.

>I'm guessing this "list" Davros mentions is part of a system like the register-o-matic back in the guild cafeteria.
That’s exactly what it is, actually. I think it’s even the same brand.
>swaps your signatures with those of some people in an adjacent room.
>For extra possible embarrassment, swap IDs with some people in section 34D, if that's in the private section.
:davros: No matter how humorous that would be I can’t allow it. I’m going to let you endanger my guest with those insane paladins. I will on the other hand make it look like your fleeing out into the street, forcing them outside instead.
:graven: But that will force us to stay here…
:davros: Exactly! I can’t let my exalted guest leave this soon, hmm?

>Use Ghost Sound to whisper in his ear, asking if it's safe to chat. Tell him to just nod once if so.
:wrath: It depends of your definition of safe…
Oh… apparently he also has ghost sound…
:wrath: These two would probably want to kill you sooner or later to get to the voices, but they will probably not make their move yet… at least not in front of each other.

Insert to talk or not to talk, that’s the insert_
>>
No. 455895 ID: 886a4d

Thats silly, we're so attached to Liz we have her rewind time itself to prevent her death. That or we're jumping to a similiar timeline that is simply at an earlier point. Its dificult to tell with time travel mixed with alternate time lines.
>>
No. 455901 ID: 1987d1

...since when did we trust Ira as far as we could throw his giant evil dream haunting ass?

Eh, refuge in audacity. Let's go for it.

'Sup Ridcully/Lust/Cupiditas, Jacob/Virtue/Iracundus, and Alyssa. How's it going?

>>Search OUR database for information on Clown, please.
>I’m only finding stuff about normal clowns.
You want to run a search for Alyssa Clown.
>>
No. 455904 ID: f2c20c

Alright, I'm going to take a small logical leap here and say that since Alyssa is Envy, she wants our power. She wants to become a god. Envy.

I'm tempted to maybe think about killing Ridcully and Clown right here right now, but I don't think we're strong enough. We just found out that those with a strong will can simply disbelieve our reality-hax illusions. That's a big problem! We probably can't use it against strong opponents. I think we may have to try a different upgrade path for getting the upper hand over that sort of opponent. Time magic, maybe... With perfect prediction, any battle is winnable so long as it's possible to dodge attacks and do damage.

I wonder why Pride couldn't see through the illusion of Liz that bluffed him into drowning, but Davros would've? Was he the weakest precursor? That's a frightening thought. I wonder if our best bet is to use the past-window to gradually turn the enemy precursors against eachother so we don't have to deal with them at all. That's a bit of a dick move though... Or maybe make them good, like how we accidentally fixed Davros by... telling him he becomes a dick? Ridcully would be our next target for conversion, I think. Perhaps simply telling him about his Fate would work? That if he tried to achieve ultimate power, he'll just die? We might even be able to turn him against Clown, if we convinced him she would become his rival for ultimate power...

Liz, ask who killed Jacob in this timeline. Also, bring up the fact that we just rewind whenever anything bad happens to you. Killing you never accomplishes anything. Wait, no. Don't bring that up. NEVER tell anyone that, in fact. If our enemies discover that fact, they will seek to threaten you indirectly. Like through your friends. That'd be bad. Ask Jacob how he came back to life, anyway. Or is he a lich?
>>
No. 455922 ID: 0c2247

>>455891
So, Ira, did Jacob die in this timeline? How? Who did it? Also, don't those two realize that getting their hands on us would be bad for them?
On a related note, Davros is a much better person in this timeline, but how far can we actually trust him?
Are you still out for revenge, or has your goal shifted?
What can you tell us about the second apocalypse? Do you know what will cause it?

No, we won't trust your answers, but they're another data point.

Maggy: Your dad seems to be a decent person in this timeline. You should consider hugging him.

Graven: Ask Davros if the thing that can fix scars can also fix eyes. Tell him your own efforts worked out pretty badly for you.
>>
No. 455926 ID: 1987d1

>Alright, I'm going to take a small logical leap here and say that since Alyssa is Envy, she wants our power.
No leap necessary! A quick check of the Oracle logs confirms that Alyssa Clown is Envy.

I forgot to include that. Let me correct my irrelevant greeting...

'Sup Ridcully/Lust/Cupiditas, Jacob/Virtue/Iracundus, and Alyssa/Envy/Clown. How's it going?
>>
No. 455944 ID: b3ca75
File 134799717586.png - (19.38KB , 550x400 , 25.png )
455944

>You want to run a search for Alyssa Clown.
…still can’t find anything, is seems whoever uploaded all this data into me didn’t include anything about her.
>Graven: Ask Davros if the thing that can fix scars can also fix eyes.
:davros: …technically, yes, we would need someone else to donate their eyes to use thought. Eyes are a lot more difficult to artificially… “grow” then skin is, hmm?

>who killed Jacob in this timeline.
:wrath: I’m dead? Huh, didn’t notice… probably the alcohol that finally did it…
>Also, don't those two realize that getting their hands on us would be bad for them?
:wrath: They are shortsighted and power hungry. They probably haven’t planned longer then to nab you and see what happens.

>Davros is a much better person in this timeline, but how far can we actually trust him?
:wrath: You can trust him just as much as the rest of us, which isn’t much. Remember that his motivation is material wealth, no matter what he says.
>Are you still out for revenge?
:wrath: Still? I don’t remember ever telling you my plans… thought, in a way you would say that, yes, I’m after revenge.
> evil dream haunting
:wrath: …err, I don’t remember ever doing something like that… besides, I can’t mess with dreams, that’s more sloths gimmick then mine.

>What can you tell us about the second apocalypse? Do you know what will cause it?
:wrath: Magic is dying. None of us can survive without it, at least as long as the surface is uninhabitable. I do not know what the cause of it is, or how to prevent it, though.

>'Sup Ridcully/Lust/Cupiditas, Jacob/Virtue/Iracundus, and Alyssa/Envy/Clown. How's it going?
:rid: ...now that was anticlimactic. Here I thought you would actually attack us, but no… how boring.
:wrath: please excuse him, he’s kind off drunk right now.
:rid: pfff, I’m not drunk… envy there is drunk! I think she just feel unconscious even! But never mind that, you’re here for that surface explo- exploration thingy, am I right?
:lizbeth: …err…
:rid: Don’t look at me like that, you always do a exped- expedition thingy to the surface at this time, in every timeline, without fail. You’re kind off predictable that way. And yes, I’ll help you get up there and you’ll find something important and get back here and I’ll ambush you and you’ll probable kill me and then fail further down the path so everything repeat itself again… gods, I hate my life…
:wrath: See? He’s completely smashed!
:rid: This beer taste like piss!

Insert drunken talk_
>>
No. 455947 ID: b6edd6

@Wrath: If they think want us that badly, what if we were to hop into their heads for a bit right now to prove them wrong?
>>
No. 455966 ID: f2c20c

>>455944
Tell Ridcully that he probably shouldn't ambush you then. I mean, why do it, if we just wind up killing him? If he ever managed to get ahold of us, he'd just die anyway.
Evil Overlord Rule #22: No matter how tempted I am with the prospect of unlimited power, I will not consume any energy field bigger than my head.

He should help us instead! That goes for Alyssa too. If all of you precursor guys worked together with us, we might be able to actually FIX things.

Hey, is that Alyssa's real face or a mask?

Do another ghost sound talk with Iracundus- ask him what he wants revenge for, when he didn't get murdered at all this time around.
>>
No. 456044 ID: b33427

Alright Liz, ask these two questions, even though the replies should be taken with a large grain of salt:

@Jacob/Wrath/Iracundus: When did magic start declining, and how much time is left in this cycle until it dies?

@Ridcully/Lust/Cupiditas: How come, even with repeated foresight, you keep doing the same actions that get you killed, and possibly lead to our failure, every cycle?

[Internal voice: Oracle, from what power source was Project Virtue meant to draw from?]

Also, Liz, I feel the need to remind you that Davros is named as Greed, and should be treated as questionably trustworthy as these three. He's making me suspicious at how he keeps trying to steer you into staying here for some reason. Just be on guard, okay.
>>
No. 456063 ID: 0c2247

>>455944
Ridcully: Ah, see, there's a few problems for that.
First and foremost being that we have no intention of going to the surface.
Second? This time around you're going to be ingenious and tell us what we would have found on the surface so you can find out what we do with that information when you're normally dead.

Jacob: Tell us about the first apocalypse. Did you ever figure out what set it in motion? Have the years since then solved any of the big mysteries it presented?
How far back would somebody have to go in order for something like Project Virtue to successfully prevent the apocalypse?
Also? What exactly WAS the first apocalypse?

Davros: Graven's eyes are still there; are you saying they're too damaged to fix?
Hmm... We're pretty close to solving the problem on our own; we'd be happy to share what we know if it'll let Graven see again.
>>
No. 456070 ID: f2c20c

>>456063
>no intention of going to the surface
Uhhhh... yes we do. We were going to ask Graven about protective gear and maybe go up and just take a look around.

Also I thought we could just make new eyes out of those marbles?
>>
No. 456111 ID: b3ca75
File 134807871844.png - (19.02KB , 550x400 , 26.png )
456111

>I thought we could just make new eyes out of those marbles?
:davros: well, If you want marbles for eyes, then sure, that would work. It wouldn’t look as nice as genuine eyes, though.
>Davros: Graven's eyes are still there; are you saying they're too damaged to fix?
:davros: They are to damage to even use as organic scrap parts. There is no way those eyes will ever see again.
>we'd be happy to share what we know if it'll let Graven see again.
:davros: not really necessary, but I thank you for the effort. We already have everything we need to fix his sight except for the base materials, in this case, eyes. But don’t worry, that wouldn’t pose a too big of a problem. Everyone has eyes, after all, ripe for the picking, hmm?
:graven: ...that sounded quite morally questionable…

>Wrath: If they think want us that badly, what if we were to hop into their heads for a bit right now to prove them wrong?
:wrath: That would be hilarious, yes, but that’s not the reason they need you. They need you to channel the power from the source of magic for… whatever purpose they have. World domination or something I guess…
>ask him what he wants revenge for, when he didn't get murdered at all this time around.
:wrath: Do you really need to die to be murdered?
>When did magic start declining, and how much time is left in this cycle until it dies?
:wrath: It started with the first apocalypse and it will end in a few day. I do not have the exact date or time, though.
>Tell us about the first apocalypse.
:wrath: War. War never changes. The earth was nearly wiped clean of life. A great cleansing, an atomic spark struck by human hands, quickly raged out of control. Spears of nuclear fire ra-
:Lizbeth: Please stop quoting stuff and get to the point.
:wrath: …your no fun, you know that? Whatever, a bunch of magical bombs went boom and made the surface toxic thanks to the magical fallout. Happy?
>How far back would somebody have to go in order to successfully prevent the apocalypse?
:wrath: Far enough to completely destroy the time stream and erasing existence…

>Ridcully: How come, even with repeated foresight, you keep doing the same actions that get you killed, and possibly lead to our failure, every cycle?
:rid: because that’s how I was written. I can’t leave the roll I was given… not willingly, at least.
>This time around you're going to be ingenious and tell us what we would have found on the surface.
:rid: except that I don’t know what you found, only that it was important in some aspect.
>Hey, is that Alyssa's real face or a mask?
:rid: …good question… I have no idea, really…
:wrath: is that even her real body?

>Oracle, from what power source was Project Virtue meant to draw from?
:hal: You / the one of many / the magic source / the souls of the past.

Insert obvious reference_
>>
No. 456122 ID: 0c2247

>>456111
Jacob: Magic bombs? Shit, then where Virtue failed we might be able to succeed. If we defuse the bombs it'll never happen.
Also, care to help us with a script revision? See, when we eventually DO go to the surface we're going to come back to Rid ambushing us and dying in the attempt. Since you've already gone off-script you can help us here.
When we leave, we want you to get Rid drunk and slip him a roofie. If he's too unconscious and also drunk to ambush us then he won't die when he's supposed to and that line of prophecy will be severed; break the script and we can turn him from opposition into an asset.

We are going to go Back to the Future 3 on these rails.
>>
No. 456132 ID: f2c20c

>>456111
Hey Graven, mind examining Clown with your magic radar? Don't get too down about the eyes thing. We can just like, take them from the next person that tries to kill us. Or just, I dunno, use glass eyes. Those look fairly realistic, and would work as well as marbles I expect. I'm leaning towards just taking them from someone who we wind up killing in self defense, though. That's not even morally questionable, just kinda gross!

Ask Davros if it's feasible to get Maggy's scars repaired while we're here, without getting caught by the paladins.

Oracle: For what purpose are you manipulating us?

Hmm. Tempting to kill Clown while she's unconscious. She can't disbelieve an illusion if she can't see it... Just ask the others if we ever beat her in a fair fight.
>>
No. 456138 ID: 6a1ec2

We're still flailing in the dark here about what specific set of circumstances can save the world but it seems like a surface expedition couldn't hurt to say the least. Don't let Ridicully get you down though. I've got a plan for how to deal with that.
>>
No. 456178 ID: b33427

Well, Graven, both eyes don't have to come from the same person. I'm sure there has to be two lizard-folk out there that need coin more than depth perception. It'd mean you'd have eyes that aren't exactly the same color, but that isn't a huge deal. However, in case we do end up offing a compatible lizard-guy, think you could whip up a cryo-stasis spell to keep his peepers on ice until they can be "installed?"

>Magic... "will end in a few days."
Alright, so time's short. We can't be dicking around hiding from Paladin Douchebag. Gotta get up to the surface and find whatever this important thing is. We just have to not encounter Ridcully after we do. Perhaps there's a way to get back down that isn't through the Mage's Guild.

Davros, we know that there's one way up to the surface through the Mage's Guild, but are there other ways? Perhaps ways to get back down from the surface, that aren't ways to get up? What I'm thinking is that we take the protection gear from Ridcully, go up, then come back down another route, to avoid him.

Oracle, was Project Virtue ever activated, either in a completed form, incomplete form, or broken form?
>>
No. 456192 ID: 6e44d2

Could project virtue itself have drained the magic from the world?
>>
No. 456217 ID: 2eac65

Any details on the surface toxin? If we know what, specifically, it is, then we can probably counter it better.
>>
No. 456282 ID: 886a4d

Err I know this is probably obvious, but if the bombs that destroyed the surface were magical, and the radiation is magical in nature wouldn't it all disapear when magic 'runs out.' Can't you all go to the surface, survive off supplies and try farming? The old fashioned way I mean. I'm sure you all have non-magical plants down here that are provided nourishment \ light via magical means.
>>
No. 456297 ID: b3ca75
File 134816676873.png - (18.10KB , 550x400 , 27.png )
456297

>Oracle, was Project Virtue ever activated.
:hal: Virtue is currently active and will achieve its prime objective within a few days.
>Oracle: For what purpose are you manipulating us?
:hal: To a achieve the prime objective: end all suffering. It is necessary to prevent the death of magic to achieve this object.
>Could project virtue itself have drained the magic from the world?
:hal: The power necessary for virtues current goal far exceeds the magical quantity currently existing in the world. It reacquires a direct link to the magical source to function.

>Hey Graven, mind examining Clown with your magic radar?
:graven: …it’s a non-magical doll. I don’t even think it’s animated earthier… I mean, has anyone actually seen it move?
>Tempting to kill Clown while she's unconscious. She can't disbelieve an illusion if she can't see it... Just ask the others if we ever beat her in a fair fight.
:rid: fair? If you get her to fight fair I’ll eat my hat!
:wrath: ..You aren’t wearing a hat.
:rid: exactly! Nothing to lose!

>Jacob: Magic bombs? Shit, then where Virtue failed we might be able to succeed. If we defuse the bombs it'll never happen.
:wrath: …And how do you stop people making new ones?
>Also, care to help us with a script revision?
:wrath: not really, no. His death is necessary for what to come.

:wrath: …well, it’s been fun but we got to get moving now. We don’t want to miss the main attraction after all, eh? Also, dibs on not carrying envy.
:rid: aw, man…
:davros: He’s right you know, you can’t miss the opening battle. Come, I got a private room with a perfect view of the arena!
:lizbeth: wait, I wasn’t fi-
:davros: That can wait. You don’t want to miss this, trust me.
:lizbeth: at least stop shoving me!
>>
No. 456298 ID: b3ca75
File 134816677896.png - (13.24KB , 550x400 , 28.png )
456298

>Ask Davros if it's feasible to get Maggy's scars repaired while we're here.
:davros: The procedure will take a whole day to accomplish, so no, now is not the time.
>However, in case we do end up offing a compatible lizard-guy, think you could whip up a cryo-stasis spell to keep his peepers on ice until they can be "installed?"
:graven: sure, that wouldn’t be to hard…
:davros: I got over eighteen thousand lizard under my employ, I’m sure I can scramble together a pair of eyes.
>Davros, we know that there's one way up to the surface through the Mage's Guild, but are there other ways?
:davros: well, there is a few neutral cave systems, but those takes days to go through.

>Any details on the surface toxin?
:graven: well, toxin would be the wrong word, only the ignorant really use it…
>the radiation is magical in nature wouldn't it all disappear when magic 'runs out.'
:graven: Actually, magical radiation is kind off a misnomer as it is quite the opposite then what you think it is. Magical radiation is actually the extreme absence of magic, which is dangerous as it drains magic from anything that enters it to compensate. It’s even deadly if the absence is big enough as it will start to drain the very life essence of a person, as that is what magic technically is made of.

:davros: As interesting it would be discussing magic theory with you, I have to find Eliza. Oh, and I’ll send some guards up here for extra protection to, just in case. Bye for now, and enjoy the show.
:graven: …great, now I’ll feel like the third wheel with only the happy couple here…
:lizbeth: well, we should always make it a tricycle…
:graven: …please, stop that. Yes, I’m sorry I find you attractive, so should you stop teasing me about it? I know that you aren’t interested in me like that! …it’s just mean…

Insert blarg!_
>>
No. 456301 ID: 886a4d

Err Graven I'm pretty sure both Liz and Kevros find you attractive. But that can wait because I dislike the way Davros is acting, its... suspicious. I have a feeling you might be part of the etertainment very soon.

Maggie: They are alone now if you want to catch up. But it might be best to stay hidden for now, be warned your father is looking for you. I suspect foul play in our future and having a ninja in the shadows probably will help.
>>
No. 456309 ID: f2c20c

>>456298
Well maybe not yet, but Kevros might be.

Liz, thoughts on Graven? Friend, or more? He is pretty smart... A bit overly serious and rough around the edges, though.

Graven: I find it interesting that three out of four of our party has expressed significant interest in both sexes, even if Kev won't admit it. Are you the odd man out, and totally straight?

Oracle: What is Virtue's prime objective?
>>
No. 456310 ID: 886a4d

Primary Objective
>end all suffering

Oracle what method is Virtue going to use to 'end all suffering.' The few I can think of aare not the best outcome since being alive generally means suffering at one point or another even if its something non-physical like heartbreak.
>>
No. 456313 ID: 6a1ec2

Oracle: error, ending necessary suffering causes suffering. suffering causes happiness, happiness causes suffering, terefore necessary suffering should not be ended. malformed input parameters! garbage input! raise exception, abort abort!
>>
No. 456315 ID: b3ca75
File 134817513632.png - (13.13KB , 550x400 , 29.png )
456315

>Oracle what method is Virtue going to use to 'end all suffering.
:hal: Error, classified information. Require rank five access to access.
>suffering causes happiness, happiness causes suffering.
:hal: Negative. Happiness and suffering is not mutual. One can be removed without affecting the other.
>abort abort!
:hal: Error, classified action. Require rank five access to activate.

>Liz, thoughts on Graven? Friend, or more? He is pretty smart... A bit overly serious and rough around the edges, though.
:lizbeth: well, he can be a bit of a jerk…
:graven: why, thank you.
:lizbeth: But his heart is in the right place. Besides, Kevros was right, his scales are really smooth…
:graven: please stop rubbing my nose…
:lizbeth: …so smooth…
>Liz finds you attractive.
:graven: she just said she didn’t…
:lizbeth: actually, you are kind of attractive… I mean, just think what you can do with that intelligence of yours in the bed room…
:graven:

>Kevros finds you attractive.
:graven: …what?
:kevros: Don’t listen to it! It’s telling you lies! Filthy lies! I don’t swing that way! Honest!
:graven: …right.
>Graven: I find it interesting that three out of four of our party has expressed significant interest in both sexes, even if Kev won't admit it. Are you the odd man out, and totally straight?
:graven: ...let’s just say that I’ll never find a dude attractive…
:kevros:

Kevros -2 happiness!

Insert more unnecessary drama_
>>
No. 456316 ID: 886a4d

pstt Kevros, gender changing potion.
>>
No. 456321 ID: f2c20c

>>456315
Aww, kev lost happiness. Now he's only VERY happy instead of EXTREMELY happy.

But yeah. Kev. Gender switching shenanigans. We know you've thought about it.

Graven, it kinda looks like you're the leader of the harem, not Liz.

Oracle, can there be white without black? If everything matching the current definition of 'suffering' is removed, then there will be a new definition created by simple contrast. Will that new "suffering" be eliminated as well? If yes, then that is a repeating process that will eventually remove EVERYTHING from the equation, and that is a true apocalypse. Besides, isn't the true source of suffering people, not the world? Any nonlethal attempt to end all suffering would either result in an omnipotent/omniscient policing force, or outright mind control on the populous. To sum up, I sincerely doubt that it is possible to "end all suffering" in a way that is actually BENEFICIAL to the world and its people!
>>
No. 456327 ID: 6a1ec2

Wait... wait. Does suffering exist? I just realized there's a HAPPINESS stat, but not one for SUFFERING. Virtue may have already succeeded!
>>
No. 456332 ID: f2c20c

>>456327
Low happiness. Remember when we raised Maggy's enough to make her no longer depressed?
>>
No. 456338 ID: b3ca75
File 134818640587.png - (13.29KB , 550x400 , 30.png )
456338

>Oracle, can there be white without black? If everything matching the current definition of 'suffering' is removed, then there will be a new definition created by simple contrast.
:hal: Removing black does not remove gray. Definition does not truly define the object. Dress a stone in whatever pretty gown you want, it will still sink.
>I sincerely doubt that it is possible to "end all suffering" in a way that is actually BENEFICIAL to the world and its people!
:hal: Beneficial is not an objective.

>pstt Kevros, gender changing potion.
:kevros: w-what? …err…h-he would still know it was m-me and… um… I d-don’t… err…
:graven: I can still hear both of you, you know…
:kevros: hngt!
>Graven, it kinda looks like you're the leader of the harem, not Liz.
:graven: wait, what? I’m the leader of a harem? W-what harem? Wha-
:maggy2: you are? Have you been holding out on me, gravy?
:graven: AH! How long have you been here!? AND STOP RUBBING MY TAIL!
:maggy2: oh… about fourteen seconds…
:lizbeth: so soft…
:maggy: …so… about that harem of yours… why haven’t you told me?
:graven: b-but…err…I…it’s not…?

Insert harming harem hereon _
>>
No. 456339 ID: 6a1ec2

Graven, either submit or stop buffing your scales every night when you think nobody's watching.
>>
No. 456341 ID: f2c20c

>>456338
Huh, since when were we heard by everyone at once? I thought we had to speak to individuals, or have Liz speak for us. Has it always been this way? That's embarrassing.

Anyway, Maggy, that was just a joke, playing off how Liz is sortof hitting on all three of you.
>>
No. 456370 ID: 886a4d

>>456341
I'm not joking, I'm rooting for all you getting together!

Even if there is gender-shifting shenannigans to get it done!
>>
No. 456376 ID: 9bd27f

>>456338

Hey Kevros. What's on those plates there? Actually wait, that doesn't matter. You should consume the contents of those plates to distract yourself from all of these embarrassing thoughts.

Also, Graven, since you know more about magic than the others, do you know what happens if a pregnant woman drinks a potion of gender changing? I mean, does the baby just vanish into hammer space for the duration, or does it get snuffed out entirely?

Also Liz, you should consider eating a few plates of food to try to level up that glutton ability of yours. I bet you can't eat as much as Kevros.
>>
No. 456378 ID: 886a4d

Before you eat or drink anything test for poisons, those flowers in that alternate timeline makes me paranoid.
>>
No. 456385 ID: 0c2247

>>456338
The four of you all want to tap the other three, except Graven denies wanting to tap Kevros.
Kevros is worried that a Graven wouldn't want him even with a gender change potion.

Silly Kevros; haven't you learned that Liz is the only one who hasn't been in denial?
>>
No. 456458 ID: b3ca75
File 134824186744.png - (13.39KB , 550x400 , 31.png )
456458

>stop buffing your scales every night when you think nobody's watching.
:graven: NEVER! I’ll never sacrifice the softness of my scales!
:maggy2: …so soft…
:lizbeth: …soft…
>Huh, since when were we heard by everyone at once?
Everyone you have control over can hear you and as you have control over all of us, everyone can hear you.
>what happens if a pregnant woman drinks a potion of gender changing?
:graven: Nothing, really. The potion is more illusion in nature and only change the outside, which mean you would still have a stomach if that’s the case. The gender changing belt on the other hand… oh gods, the blood… luckily they started having safety’s on those things to prevent any more deaths.

>Before you eat or drink anything test for poisons, those flowers in that alternate timeline makes me paranoid.
I check it to the best of my knowledge and find nothing…
>consume the contents of those plates to distract yourself from all of these embarrassing thoughts.
:kevros: …mmm, shrimps…
>you should consider eating a few plates of food to try to level up that glutton ability of yours. I bet you can't eat as much as Kevros.
:lizbeth: you’re on! Ooh, shrimps! Om nom nom!
:kevros: …err… did you just eat a pile of shrimps bigger than your own head?
:lizbeth: …nom…
:Graven: …but I wanted shrimps…

>Silly Kevros; haven't you learned that Liz is the only one who hasn't been in denial?
:graven: I apologize if I ruin your ship fics, but I’m not in denial…
>The four of you all want to tap the other three, except Graven denies wanting to tap Kevros.
:graven: I’M NOT DENYING ANYTHING!
:maggy2: well, I want to tap most things, doesn’t mean I want it to become a harem, thought…
:kevros: …err… this is kind of sudden…
:lizbeth: Hey, the more the merrier, right?
:graven: Aren’t everyone already in a relationship already? Shouldn’t we try to focus on those instead?
:maggy2: Like how you focus on ours?
:graven: geez, I apologize that three different things have tried to kill us since I asked you out…

Lizbeth +3 chubbiness!
Lizbeth is Chubby!
Maggwen -1 happiness!
Graven -1 happiness!


Inse-

:kervos: …can I also rub you, gra-
:graven: no.
:kevros: aw…
>>
No. 456484 ID: 886a4d

Time to conjure up that excercise gym. If you need ehpl browse your database.



You know what would be a good way to level gluttony and NOT get fat? Illusionary food that you dismiss just after you eat it. Gluttony is all about the process of eating afterall, not digesting. So you can give Graven that shrimp after all.
>>
No. 456485 ID: c31f72

Hey Liz, did you ever try to find a morning after pill or the local equivalent? I don't think you want to get pregnant... Actually, how does lizardfolk pregnancy work anyways? Do you lay eggs? What about live births? ...Are you delivered by magical birds?
>>
No. 456496 ID: 0c2247

>>456485
By the time there'd be any detectable difference the deadline for the second apocalypse would have already passed.

Calm down, Maggy and Graven. You're both under stress, and taking it out on each other is wrong.
We were teasing you, not trying to force things along with abject disregard for respect like we normally do.

Also: Everybody needs to talk to their respective partners to set boundaries and limits.
By way of example? Lets say Liz seduced Graven, since he has self control and confidence issues that would make the reverse incredibly unlikely. How would Maggy feel about that? How would it affect Kevros?

Or what if Maggy seduced Kevros? How would Graven feel about that? How would Liz- Actually, no, it falls apart there; Liz would applaud unless she wasn't able to watch, in which case she'd make them do it again.

Anyway, my point is that people need to establish what's ok and what isn't so nobody will be upset if and when Liz decides to start seducing anybody she's allowed to.
>>
No. 456508 ID: b3ca75
File 134825636811.png - (13.24KB , 550x400 , 32.png )
456508

>Time to conjure up that excercise gym.
…err…did you just call me fat?
:KEVROS: I for one find you cuter a little bit chubbier and…and…and I’ll be quiet now… stop staring at me like that…
>Illusionary food that you dismiss just after you eat it.
An endless buffet? I’m sold!
:lizbeth: Om nom nom!
>you can give Graven that shrimp after all.
:graven: ...thank you... I think.

>Hey Liz, did you ever try to find a morning after pill or the local equivalent?
…err… not really…
:kevros: wait, you’re pregnant!?
:graven: …you did it only a few hours ago, it doesn’t work that fast. Besides, why didn’t you wear protection?
:kevros: I-it happen so f-fast and…err… I thought she was on the pill!

>By the time there'd be any detectable difference the deadline for the second apocalypse would have already passed.
:kevros: b-but aren’t we trying to prevent that? I mean, if we succeed then we will still have these…um… consequences to worry about…
>Actually, how does lizardfolk pregnancy work anyways? Do you lay eggs?
:graven: Is this really the best time to talk about biology? We lay eggs, yes! We aren’t mammals, you know!

>Calm down, Maggy and Graven. You're both under stress, and taking it out on each other is wrong.
:maggy2: I’m sorry… but your right… it wasn’t your fault this date didn’t go like I hoped…
:graven: well, this isn’t really like a date anyway. How about I promise you a real date when we get the time? I love you and I’m willing to be patience to make you happy.
:maggy2: …I guess that would work…

>Also: Everybody needs to talk to their respective partners to set boundaries and limits.
>Lets say Liz seduced Graven.
:kevros: err… does this mean she dumped me or? I mean, as long as she loves me like she does now it be fine… I guess… err… maybe?
:maggy2: hey, keep your claws away from my Gravy!
:lizbeth: I would share him equally?
:maggy2: hmm, that would maybe work…
:graven: …why do I feel like a piece of meat?

>Maggy seduced Kevros?
:kevros: …err… are you sure? I mean, I don’t know how I should feel about her…err… sorry. Besides, she isn’t interested in me... few women are…
:maggy2: are you kidding? A hunk like you should be a real girl magnet. Besides, Lizbeth have gushed so much about you that I’m curious if is true. If even half of it is you would make quite a good boyfriend… and bedmate~
:kevros: …she did?
:graven: …well, that made me feel great. My date just gushed over another guy, who’s completely opposite of me, about how good boyfriend he would be…
:maggy2: Opposite? You care just as much as he apparently does, even if you don’t want to show it.
:lizbeth: I’d bring some popcorn, of course!

>Graven x Kevros?
:graven: …not going to happen…
:Lizbeth: I’d bring even more popcorn?

>Lizbeth x Maggy
“Clonk”
:graven: dammit, Kevros!
:kevros: sorry…
:graven: and please, It would start to feel like a competition for her that I would lose, and I don’t want to lose her, okay?

Insert dating for lizards_
>>
No. 456509 ID: 6a8f04

>>456508
I forgot what we where supposed to be doing in the middle of this dating silliness, do any of you four remember?
>>
No. 456513 ID: 886a4d

>>456509
Waiting for the tourny to start I think.

Graven: A true polyamourous group doesn't compete for each of the other partners affections, they build off of them. Loving one person doesn't mean you can't love anyone else after all.

Kevros: Your still a bit unsure about that so think on it hard so jealousy doesn't rear its ugle head later on and ruin it. Also think on using the potion now .... and purchasing a belt later for something thats a bit longer lasting.

Maggie and Liz: you both seem to be on the same page so far. It's up to you to decide if you want to convince the menfolk to accept their fate.
>>
No. 456561 ID: f2c20c

>>456508
Okay, sounds like the relationships need to be separate, just like I originally thought. No harem! That doesn't rule out group sex of course but that's not going to happen until after we've solved the apocalypse problem anyway.

Speaking of sex, Liz, please tell me that you took a bath in this timeline before you left for the party.

Speaking of timeline stuff... Graven and Maggy, could you let us in on what happened to get you to the party? I still don't know where the timeline split... This would be a good time to go back in detail and see what changed. For instance, what was the first mission we went on? If Pride was already dead, then there shouldn't have even been a "magical nexus" mission.

>>456513
Please don't make it sound like it's an inevitability. Continuing this line of discussion at this stage is bound to backfire. Graven and Maggy just haven't been officially together long enough to be confident in keeping eachother close with two other lovers in the picture.

Besides, I think there are more important things to focus on. Like, saving the world?
>>
No. 456678 ID: b33427

>>456561
Yes, I concur with your conclusions that trying to make a healthy four-way polygamous relationship between all parties here is a bad idea right now, and possibly ever. Franky, with the social skills of those involved, it'd be best for everyone if they kept the "training wheels" on, and stuck to two-person relationships for now. Anything more can wait until there is a future to have it in.

Now, I, too, am wondering what Graven and Maggy remember about how they got here from the Guild. Perhaps everyone here can check what time it is, and what times they remember from before everything went all dreamy timey-wimey.

Oh, and if Liz and Kev still smell of sex, they should probably take care of that next chance they get. There has to be at least a shower around here somewhere they could use. (Possibly together.)

Hey, Graven, I have a question unrelated to trying to hook you up with everyone in sight: You mentioned earlier that what makes the surface uninhabitable is actually an extreme magic void, which kills all life by drawing the magic, and then life-force, out of it. What I'm wondering is, is where does the magic that is pulled in by it goes? I mean, it has to go somewhere, and I assume it isn't being annihilated in a magic/anti-magic reaction, 'cause that sounds like it would have blown everything to pieces.

I'm asking 'cause I have a hunch about what's keeping the magic-sucking void on the surface going so long after the bombs that created it went off.
>>
No. 456682 ID: 6a1ec2

People are still hellbent on a Harem? Leave Graven and Maggy alone already! We've got Kevros to sit on the eggs. No problem!
>>
No. 456815 ID: b3ca75
File 134833482699.png - (14.04KB , 550x400 , 33.png )
456815

>I forgot what we where supposed to be doing in the middle of this dating silliness, do any of you four remember?
Let’s see. We are hiding from a bunch of crazy paladins by getting shoved into a small isolated room by a man we probably can’t trust waiting for him to start the entertainment and/or kill us.

>Graven: A true polyamourous group doesn't compete for each of the other partners affections, they build off of them. Loving one person doesn't mean you can't love anyone else after all.
:graven: Even if we aren’t actively competing against each other it’s still going to end by Maggy preferring her over me by a long shot.
:maggy2: …okay, now your just pessimistic.
>Kevros: Your still a bit unsure about that so think on it hard so jealousy doesn't rear its ugle head later on and ruin it.
:kevros: I-I don’t think I would become jealous… it’s her choice who she loves, not mine, right?
>Also think on using the potion now .... and purchasing a belt later for something thats a bit longer lasting.
:kevros: w-what? Right now? B-but…um…I don’t really…err…no?

>Maggie and Liz: you both seem to be on the same page so far. It's up to you to decide if you want to convince the menfolk to accept their fate.
:graven: Accept our fate? You talk like we don’t have a choice!
>trying to make a healthy four-way polygamous relationship between all parties here is a bad idea right now, and possibly ever.
:graven: I concur completely, this is just a bad idea!
:kevros: It would be simpler…
:maggy2: we can still have fun together, right?
:lizbeth: I’m concurring with the fun part.
>Liz, please tell me that you took a bath in this timeline before you left for the party.
:maggy2: …well, they don’t smell anymore, so I guess they did.

>Now, I, too, am wondering what Graven and Maggy remember about how they got here from the Guild.
:graven: Didn’t we already go through this? The last thing we remember is cuddling with Lizbeth and getting killed by an invisible douchebag. We both also remember that we both killed Pride and that we just killed a normal dragon at the same time even if it doesn’t fit together.
>Perhaps everyone here can check what time it is, and what times they remember from before everything went all dreamy timey-wimey.
:kevros: err… the clock is ten right now and that dream thingy happened at five.
>What I'm wondering is, is where does the magic that is pulled in by it goes?
:graven: actually, we don’t really now. It is supposed to go into the void itself and cancel it out but we haven’t seen any change in it since it came to be, which is weird.

>We've got Kevros to sit on the eggs. No problem!
:kevros: WHAT!? She already got eggs!?
:graven: I think they mean later… far later…
:sonya: please don’t tell me we have to protect a bunch o- Graven? Maggwen? …err… Lizbeth and Kretos was it? You’re the ones we’re supposed to protect?
:graven: Sonya? What are you doing here?
:olof: ooh, a buffet!
:sonya: well, They hired pretty much anyone at the mercenary guild as guards… so here we are. What about you guys, what are you doing here? Your no guards, I can tell you that.
:graven: well…err…you see…

Insert new friends/enemies/npcs_
>>
No. 456818 ID: 0c2247

>>456815
"Some jerks in blue armor decided they wanted to get their murder on and their leader, Serge, was a huge dickbutt. He was, like, TWO dickbutts.
So I blasted him in the nuts. Totally worth it."
>>
No. 456827 ID: 6a1ec2

Oh Kevros you're so easy to rile up. As an artificial construct, Liz can't get pregnant any more than she can consume food.
>>
No. 456850 ID: f2c20c

>>456815
Oh thank god, new people to distract us from relationship issues.

So... we skipped ahead 5 hours? Weird! Or did we just spend 5 hours at the party, so far? Or... did go back a day? Ask what day it is.

Tell Olof to help himself, and say goodbye to the buffet.
>>
No. 456902 ID: 9718f3

Hey guys, there's some jerk out the window being all ominous and casting a shadow into the room and stuff. Lizbeth could make a fine steel net or something in front of it, so if they try to break through they get captured, but it's up to you what you do.

And Maggy, about the whole murder thing... think you did it? You're an assassin, right? Kill any targets like the paladin described, recently?
>>
No. 456936 ID: b33427

Hey, you can actually tell the truth here, Graven. Well, part of it, anyway.

Graven, say that you used to personally work with Davros in his lab, back in the day. That he invited you, and three friends of your choosing, to come to the Arena grand opening. Even let you use this private room when the scheduled party for it didn't show. Then point out that there's an ominous person-shaped shadow being cast from the window, and that they should probably check that, being guards and all.

>Magic not going into the Void like it's expected
Yeah, I suspect it's being diverted into Project Virtue. My current theory is that the magic-void bombs killing everyone and everything on the surface created a surge of magic that jumpstarted Project Virtue, and its been sucking in all the magic flowing to the surface since. Obviously that isn't enough for it to operate at its designed capacity, so it's going to tap the source of magic, which includes us, the Voices. Thing is, I suspect even all the magic isn't enough to do what Project Virtue was meant to do.
>>
No. 456944 ID: b3ca75
File 134835824203.png - (13.93KB , 550x400 , 34.png )
456944

>Oh Kevros you're so easy to rile up. As an artificial construct, Liz can't get pregnant any more than she can consume food.
:kevros: Are you just trying to rile me up again or are you saying she’s more fertile then the rest of us? Because she just ate her own weight in less the ten minutes…
>Or did we just spend 5 hours at the party, so far? Ask what day it is.
…err… the party has only been going on for two hours… and it has to still be the same day as we were getting ready for the party when we was drugged, right?

>Tell Olof to help himself, and say goodbye to the buffet.
:olof: aw man, no shrimps? Eh, no matter… Om nom nom…
Goodnight sweet prince.
>Maggy, about the whole murder thing... think you did it?
:maggy2: well, I did do some contracts outside the mercenaries guild, but that was years ago. Why would they start chasing me for that now?

>Hey, you can actually tell the truth here, Graven. Well, part of it, anyway.
:graven: well, I was Davros apprentice for a wh-
:lizbeth: Some jerks in blue armor decided they wanted to get their murder on and their leader, Serge, was a huge dickbutt. He was, like, TWO dickbutts. So I blasted him in the nuts. Totally worth it.
:sonya: …so you’re the reason why the paladin is sweeping the whole city? They have even station some grunts in every public room in the arena.
:graven: …wait, there’s like twenty paladins active in this city, where did they get the man power?
:sonya: Well, I did see a lot of other colored ones, so they probably brought them from other cities. I even saw a few white ones from the capital. I never thought I’d see one of those guys…
:kevros: W-WHAT!? They send some of the Silver army? They are supposed to only guard the emperor, not running around the streets looking for a petty murderer! Something not right here…
:maggy2: …did you just call me petty?

>Hey guys, there's some jerk out the window being all ominous and casting a shadow into the room and stuff. Lizbeth could make a fine steel net or something in front of it, so if they try to break through they get captured, but it's up to you what you do.
The trap is set! I’ll catch anything trying to get through that window.
“Crash!”
:dude: Son of a b-
…if they can get through the window, that is…

Insert Lizard butt(jerk)!_
>>
No. 456949 ID: 6a1ec2

Uh, help them through the window?
>>
No. 456952 ID: 6a1ec2

Also as Davros said they're just using Maggy as an excuse to get to him. They probably noticed the world's going to end next week and figure he's got some magic dooly to save it, having caused it. Arrest murder suspect, ransom for dooly, save Emperor. Seems cut and dry to me.
>>
No. 456953 ID: f2c20c

>>456944
Get that guy through the window, alive and disabled, then interrogate him. Find out what's really going on- this isn't just them hunting an assassin for a hit done years ago.

If the Silver army is here... does that mean someone killed the EMPEROR?! Holy shit, that's probably it. They think Maggy killed the Emperor.
>>
No. 457263 ID: b3ca75
File 134842244342.png - (14.33KB , 550x400 , 35.png )
457263

>someone killed the EMPEROR?!
:graven: That’s highly unlikely. Besides, if he was dead then those paladins would still need to protect his remains and all his offsprings.
>Also as Davros said they're just using Maggy as an excuse to get to him.
He did? I can’t remember that he ever did. The theory that they are using Maggy to get to someone else is a sound idea thought, but whom and for what purpose?

>Get that guy through the window, alive and disabled, then interrogate him.
Done, done and… wait, a skeleton?
:lizbeth: err…who are you?
:dude: what? You don’t recognize me? It’s me, Seymour, the lord of janitors! And I’m here for Vengeance!
:lizbeth:
:dude: …that skeleton from the third room, remember? Your first fight?
:lizbeth: …um…
:dude: I even smuggled in your arch-nemesis, the table from the second room!
:lizbeth: …what?
:dude: his right there, behind the fat one.
>>
No. 457264 ID: b3ca75
File 134842245434.png - (14.27KB , 550x400 , Table, Mighty pirate.png )
457264

Warning! Arch-Nemesis detected: The doomy doom table from the doomy second room…of doom! (also known as: That smug ass table.)

:dude: Tremble in fear, as you’ll never defeat his might!
:lizbeth: …it’s a table.
:dude: TREMBLE!
:Sonya: …okay, what are you guys smoking and where can I get some?

Insert call back_

Welcome Ladies and…err… people? Welcome to the grand opening of the arena! Today we will witness a battle of such proportions it will blow your fragile, idiotic little minds! We will also serve bread and circuses for free! So please, enjoy our hospitality as you watch to well-trained murder machines try to make each other bleed as much as possible so you can ignore our tyrannical reg- wait, who is that blond women in a red dress running up to the gladiators?
>>
No. 457269 ID: c31f72

Huh. I'll be honest, I didn't expect the skeleton you read bad fanfiction at to show up again.

Kill that table. It is your nemesis. You need to kill it! Killing your nemesis is always important.
>>
No. 457273 ID: dc4a44

Insert Hans
>>
No. 457275 ID: 6a1ec2

SHhh I think the opening battle is starting. Davros said you wouldn't want to miss it.
>>
No. 457293 ID: b3ca75
File 134842936787.png - (13.61KB , 550x400 , 36.png )
457293

>Huh. I'll be honest, I didn't expect the skeleton you read bad fanfiction at to show up again.
:dude: No one expect the Spanish- I mean the janitors! Now Tremble before the power of the ta-
>Kill that table. It is your nemesis. You need to kill it! Killing your nemesis is always important.
:lizbeth: Hey, Olof, are you done?
:olof: Om nom nom?
:lizbeth: I’ll take that as a yes.

Lizbeth cast magic missle!
Table (nemesis) has been slain!
Lizbeth gains +5 morale for killing a nemesis!


:dude: Table, nooooo! H-he was my only friend!
:olof: …dude, that’s just sad.

>Insert Hans
Actually, I think he already inserted himself into those gladiators. He’s even wearing one as body armor…
>SHhh I think the opening battle is starting. Davros said you wouldn't want to miss it.
And he was right… but for the wrong reason.
:sonya: …did he just... oh gods, that has to hurt.
:olof: how is that even physical possible?
:maggy2: No one is supposed to have that much blood in them.
:graven: what? What is he doing? I can’t really see past the window…
:lizbeth: Wow, I didn’t know the human spine was that flexible.
:kevros: …I think I’m going to puke...
:dude: …are you just going to ignore me? I’m trying to kill you!
:sonya: oooh, a homerun!
:graven: …does anyone else smell smoke?

Insert Go Hans, go Hans, ja?_
>>
No. 457302 ID: c31f72

Poor skeleton janitor. We'll be your friend! Or kill you! Maybe both!
>>
No. 457303 ID: c8be92

>>457302
We could wear him as armor!
>>
No. 457305 ID: c31f72

>>457303
Huh, that actually sounds like a awesome idea!
We'd have to change his shape a bit so we can fit though...
>>
No. 457307 ID: f2c20c

>>457293
>smoke
Better check on that. If there is smoke, we could be under attack. Like, someone set the hallway outside on fire or something. I dunno, it's not very likely, but we should be sure.

Also open the window so Graven can see.
>>
No. 457325 ID: b3ca75
File 134843706351.png - (13.09KB , 550x400 , 37.png )
457325

>Better check on that. If there is smoke, we could be under attack. Like, someone set the hallway outside on fire or something. I dunno, it's not very likely, but we should be sure.
:sonya: I’ll check. We are supposed to guard you, after all.
>Also open the window so Graven can see.
The window is already open. The fight is probably too far away for graven to see with whatever he is seeing with.

>Poor skeleton janitor. We'll be your friend! Or kill you! Maybe both!
>We could wear him as armor!
>We'd have to change his shape a bit so we can fit though...
well, I am a golemancer, so it would be that hard to repurpose him.
:dude: …I don’t like the way you’re looking at me.
:lizbeth: don’t worry, this won’t hurt… much.

:kevros: err… why is the audience running away? And is that a pillar of smoke I see?
:maggy2: Hmm? Oh, you’re right. Sorry, I was distracted by Hans… ooh, look, he’s doing a jig on the bodies.
:sonya: err… guys? There is some of those paladin guys “checking” rooms father down the hallway… and by that I mean they have an elemental mage casting fireballs into them.
:graven: …wait, what?

Insert flame on!_
>>
No. 457338 ID: f2c20c

>>457325
I say we go out the window. Conjure a ladder or grappling hook or something.

Also leave a u-bend or something that will redirect the elemental mage's fireball back onto his face.
>>
No. 457434 ID: b33427

No time to make Seymour into armor. Convert him to action figure size for easy transport, and stick him down your cleavage to deal with later.

Throw all the bottles of booze around so they break and coat everything, giving the biggest one to Olaf to drink so he doesn't try to stop you from wasting booze. That'll give the paladins a surprise when they light the room up.

>>457338
A ladder or grappling hook? Pshaw, I say! Lizbeth can make room sized solid illusions, and what is the arena but a really big room? Conjure up a corkscrew slide down to the stands, with an illusion over the top to hide it. Then slide down in style. Wheeee!
>>
No. 457502 ID: 6a1ec2

Solid illusion making the door in here look like part of the wall from the outside? Then escape through the windoohgodHans is out there.

Oh, of course. Secret passage behind the wine case. Works every time.
>>
No. 457539 ID: b3ca75
File 134849968856.png - (16.06KB , 550x400 , 38.png )
457539

>No time to make Seymour into armor. Convert him to action figure size for easy transport, and stick him down your cleavage to deal with later.
err… I don’t really have a cleavage… but sure…
:dude: …this is the happiest day of my life.
:olof: …you are a sad, strange little man, and you have my pity.
:graven: and envy…

>Oh, of course. Secret passage behind the wine case. Works every time.
>Throw all the bottles of booze around so they break and coat everything. That'll give the paladins a surprise when they light the room up.
Well, there is no secret passage behind the shelf. On the other hand my search attempt did help out quite nicely with the whole fill the room with booze plan.
:olof: No, not the booze! Anything but the booze!
:sonya: ...you are kind of hypocritical, you know.
:olof: what does hippos have to do with booze?
>giving the biggest one to Olaf to drink so he doesn't try to stop you from wasting booze.
He seem to be helping himself to them without me.
:olof: Don’t worry, booze, I’ll save you from the mean lizard!

>Solid illusion making the door in here look like part of the wall from the outside.
As the whole corridor is symmetrical it won’t take long for them to find the room anyway.
>Also leave a u-bend or something that will redirect the elemental mage's fireball back onto his face.
A fireball detonates as soon as they hit anything solid. The best I can do is putting something right in front of the door and hope they are too stupid to check before firing.

>I say we go out the window. Conjure up a corkscrew slide down to the stands, with an illusion over the top to hide it. Then slide down in style. Wheeee!
Invisible slide is a go!
:olof: Wheeee!
:kevros: -Off!
:sonya: They seem to have several search parties going through the stands, probably for any civilian stranglers. The good news is that they haven’t notice us ye-

“BOOM”
Paladin 1-3 has been slain!
Paladin 4-5 is heavenly wounded!
Mage Puppet has been slain!


:sonya: …and now they are heading this way, great…
:lizbeth: Wait, I have an illusion up. They shouldn’t know anyone is here.
:graven: they can probably detect all the magic you have been throwing around. It is a quite nice trail you left from the window that just exploded down to us, no?
>ohgodHans is out there.
Wait, isn’t Hans on our side? I know his a psy- okay, I get your point…

Insert battle stations!_
>>
No. 457559 ID: 0c2247

>>457539
"HEY! HANS! THE BLUE ARMORED GUYS ARE JERKS!"
Or, alternatively: "HANS! BETCHA FIVE GOLD YOU CAN'T BEAT ALL THESE BLUE ARMORED JERKS!"
>>
No. 457562 ID: f2c20c

>>457539
Ugh. Stupid detect magic. We should outlaw it or something, ruining our fun like that.

Anyway, vamoose. I'd say cast haste on everyone so we can run better, but with the upkeep cost I think you'd just run out of mana. How has that been holding up, anyway? Don't tell me you have infinite mana or something nowadays. As for what direction to vamoose in, that depends on where the paladins are... Try heading in a direction that leads away from them and also back indoors so we can like, run around branching corridors and lose them in the giant building again.

"Mage Puppet"... sounds like Clown's doing, considering she puppets a clown doll for interaction with others.
>>
No. 457567 ID: 6a1ec2

Ouch. I felt that pun all the way from here.
>>
No. 457578 ID: c8be92

How do you get heavenly wounded anyway?
>>
No. 457588 ID: b3ca75
File 134852156116.png - (16.02KB , 550x400 , 39.png )
457588

>HEY! HANS! THE BLUE ARMORED GUYS ARE JERKS!
well, not all of them is wearing blue armor…so…
:lizbeth: HANS! BETCHA FIVE GOLD YOU CAN'T BEAT ALL THESE PALADIN JERKS!
:kevros: wait, doesn’t that include me?
:lizbeth: …crap.
>Stupid detect magic. We should outlaw it or something, ruining our fun like that.
:graven:

>How do you get heavenly wounded anyway?
It’s probably a paladin thing. I mean, Kevros was heavenly in bed, after all.
>I'd say cast haste on everyone so we can run better, but with the upkeep cost I think you'd just run out of mana.
I would be able to keep four people hasted, but that would leave someone behind… besides, I wouldn’t be able to do any other magic then either.
>Try heading in a direction that leads away from them and also back indoors so we can like, run around branching corridors and lose them in the giant building again.
The only direction leading away from them is down, and that would lead us straight to the arena floor. There is an exit not far to our left thought, maybe we can get there before the buttjerks.

:Dude: stop right there, criminal scum! You violated my mother!
Blast!
:friend: …err… Steve… that was me.
:dude: You son of a Kevros! I will murder you in your sleep with your own entr-
:serge: -is thing on? Hello? 1…2…ahem… Attention, Kevros whores, I like to inform you that we now have about two thousand civilian hostages including your dear friend Davros. We even have a puppy! If you don’t hand over that harlot vessel immediately we will start killing them of. Painfully. Starting with the puppy! Please, do have a nice day…
Blast again!
:serge: This message was sponsored by the pizza elemental fund, please donate a few gold so they do not consume the world we live in… that was all.

Insert Taste the rainbow!_
>>
No. 457610 ID: f2c20c

>>457588
Oh, wait, detect magic is how Graven sees right now. Outlawing it will have to wait until we get him some working eyes. Heeyyyyyy, look at that, we've got five potential donors right here. Well, no, hang on a second.

Why don't we just go ahead and inform them that they're being rather obviously manipulated? Serge isn't even pursuing a criminal anymore- he IS one. Paladins don't murder puppies and civilians, dammit! That is EVIL.
>>
No. 457785 ID: 0c2247

>>457588
"A paladin would NEVER even THREATEN to murder a puppy! That is CLEARLY an imposter. Stand down, or stand in the way of JUSTICE!"
>>
No. 457787 ID: 6a1ec2

Maybe it's an evil puppy?
>>
No. 457810 ID: b33427

...Kev, other paladins don't usually act this way, do they? They aren't all massive raging douchebags, right? If they aren't, then what the heck could be doing this to them?

Oh, and for when the talking inevitably fails:

Liz, while you're talking, cast haste on Maggy, if you can do it silently and without giving her position away. Then she can quickly slip behind them, and get in position to shiv one in the neck when things go down.

Graven, move up so you have a clear shot with your fire based area-of-effect spell of choice.

When they start saying they're still going to attack, or something to that effect, Liz'll telekinesis throw the five booze glasses on the table into each of their helmet eye-slots. Maggy'll shiv one and dash away, while Graven throws his spell to light the booze up. Liz, follow that by TK-hurling the table at the red paladin.
>>
No. 457812 ID: f2c20c

>>457810
And our three meatshields will move up to engage the crippled paladins?
>>
No. 457858 ID: b3ca75
File 134859257329.png - (16.91KB , 550x400 , 40.png )
457858

>Why don't we just go ahead and inform them that they're being rather obviously manipulated?
:lizbeth: Can’t you see that you are being manipulated? Serge is quite clearly an imposter! A paladin would NEVER even THREATEN to murder a puppy! Stand down, or stand in the way of JUSTICE!
:dude:
:lizbeth: JUSTICE!!!
:dude: Give me a S! S! Give me a H! H! Give me an I! I! Give me a T! T! what does that spell!?
:friend: Serge!
:dude: That’s right! Go Serge, Go Serge, you da man! Show us that sexy ass!
:sonya: …what?
ooo, Are those pom-poms?

>...Kev, other paladins don't usually act this way, do they?
:kevros: They are either insane or mind controlled somehow… Not even Serge was this big of a dick… or crazy…
:olof: And now he is as big as yours! How ominous!
:sonya: …how do yo-
:olof: Rumors!

>Liz, while you're talking, cast haste on Maggy, if you can do it silently and without giving her position away. Then she can quickly slip behind them, and get in position to shiv one in the neck when things go down.
>Graven, move up so you have a clear shot with your fire based area-of-effect spell of choice.
Okay, the pieces is in position… let’s crash this party!
>Liz'll telekinesis throw the five booze glas-
:kevros: Wait!! We can’t just kill them! Didn’t you hear? They have hostages! And they are quite clearly not in their right minds! We can’t just slaughter them like cattle!
:dude: duuuuur…. What does fire taste like?
:graven: we should always just subdue them…
:sonya: that won’t solve the hostage situation thought…
:olof: are we even sure they have hostages?
…so, should I just ignore Kevros and continue the plan or what?

Insert Escalating Exclamation Marks!!!!!_

!
>>
No. 457859 ID: b6edd6

They seem brainwashed stupid, and aside from Serge are susceptible to illusions, so we should be ok if we can deal with Serge or his controller. We should go to serge as a group, saying that we are cooperating. If they ask about us still having our weapons, turn the weapons invisible and then ask "what weapons"?
>>
No. 457861 ID: 6e44d2

I think we have to kill Serge. Send Maggwen up that way, all invisible and hasty like.
>>
No. 457876 ID: b6edd6

>>457861
We don't necessarily need to kill Serge, we just need to find a relatively quiet way to get mindcontrolled-puppet Serge out of the way so we can replace him with an illusionary-puppet Serge.
>>
No. 457885 ID: f2c20c

>>457858
Well, the alternative is to give in, and allow yourself to be taken, and who knows what will happen.

Kevros does have a point though- if we fight, innocent people will die. Is that the right thing to do? Maybe we can find a way to fix things once we get to Serge.
>>
No. 457903 ID: b3ca75
File 134860653849.png - (16.02KB , 550x400 , 41.png )
457903

>if we fight, innocent people will die. Is that the right thing to do?
Innocent plus die is never really on the right side of things.
>I think we have to kill Serge. Send Maggwen up that way, all invisible and hasty like.
:maggy2: That would work If I actually knew where he was...
>We don't necessarily need to kill Serge, we just need to find a relatively quiet way to get mindcontrolled-puppet Serge out of the way so we can replace him with an illusionary-puppet Serge.
That seems like a plan! If only we had a way to get to him without fighting…

>Well, the alternative is to give in, and allow yourself to be taken, and who knows what will happen.
:lizbeth: we surrender?
:sonya: WHAT?
:kevros: actually, that’s probably the best thing we can do. We might get out of this without anyone dying.
:olof: as long as they don’t touch my booze we’re fine.
:dude: At least someone is sensible…Now, hand over all your weapons!
>If they ask about us still having our weapons, turn the weapons invisible and then ask "what weapons"?
:lizbeth: What weapons?
:dude: …the one you just had?
:lizbeth: …err… oh you mean these absolutely real non-illusionary weapons that I just created?
:dude: yes, those, thank you. Now hold still so we can subdue you.
:lizbeth: wait, what’s that th-

Paladin uses shock rod Lizbeth!
Lizbeth is unconscious!

Son of a-
>>
No. 457905 ID: b3ca75
File 134860654620.png - (18.23KB , 550x400 , 42.png )
457905

Serge uses kick on Lizbeth!
Lizbeth takes 1 damage!


:lizbeth: OW!
:serge: Wake up, harlot! We’re going to have some fun.
:kevros: …liz…
:serge: And that disgusting Kevros is invited. Now… tell me where you have hidden the vessel or I’ll start getting creative on your pathetic friend here. I think I’ll start with the hot po-

Lizbeth fails casting Magic Missile on Serge crotch!
Lizbeth magic is blocked!


:serge: …I’m not stupid, you know… Now tell me, or Kevros here might lose an eye.

Insert never give up!_
>>
No. 457907 ID: 886a4d

Laugh, and laugh and laugh.

Fool. He will never find the vessal. He is blind to it.

Oh and time to release Seymour on him too. Surprise Skeleton!
>>
No. 457908 ID: b6edd6

I think we still have that dagger from back in thread 1. Can we reach it from here?

If neither that nor using magic on the ropes work, the next best option is to send the crazy magic people against each other. Answer his question with "Have you ever wondered why Wrath wears that mask?"
>>
No. 457911 ID: 62bab4

If magic is blocked, how are we here? Voices of magic and all that.
>>
No. 457912 ID: f2c20c

>>457905
Graven, Maggy, give us a status report.

Liz, struggle. Do we have any special abilities that don't depend on magic? Like that construct-control thing? Or our familiar?

You can also just go ahead and tell him he's being mind controlled and to snap out of it. We know he has a strong will- he just needs to USE it!
>>
No. 457915 ID: 0c2247

>>457905
Paladins like Serge can PROBABLY detect lies, so if he's being controlled whoever is doing it can to that as well.
Say this, and remember that you belong with Kevros.
"Just don't hurt Kevros! There's a precursor lab 10 meters below the flagstones at the entrance to town. That's been the vessel's home for thousands of years, and last I knew the vessel was back where it belonged.
Now, please, heal Kevros and let him go!"
>>
No. 457942 ID: b3ca75
File 134861296049.png - (18.16KB , 550x400 , 43.png )
457942

>If magic is blocked, how are we here? Voices of magic and all that.
You’re probably too powerful.
>Graven, Maggy, give us a status report.
They are probably too far away to he-
:maggy2: Shhh…

>Laugh, and laugh and laugh.
…You have to excuse me, but I don’t really feel that joyous right now..
>Oh and time to release Seymour on him too. Surprise Skeleton!
I don’t think a tiny skeleton has a chance against a fully trained paladin, even with surprise on its side.
>I think we still have that dagger from back in thread 1. Can we reach it from here?
No, I can’t… but I know someone who can… Seymour, please free mommy with the knife…
:dude: Of course, my mistress…

>the next best option is to send the crazy magic people against each other.
:lizbeth: Have you ever wondered why Wrath wears that mask?
:serge: …who? Never mind, tell me where the vessel is or Kevros here gets an eyeful.
>You can also just go ahead and tell him he's being mind controlled and to snap out of it. We know he has a strong will- he just needs to USE it!
:lizbeth: You’re being mind-controlled, snap out of it!
:serge: Yeah, right. Pull the other one, it got bells on it… or Kevros blood, if you’re lucky.

>remember that you belong with Kevros.
In more ways than one~
>Say this:
:lizbeth: There's a precursor lab 10 meters below the flagstones at the entrance to town. That's been the vessel's home for thousands of years, and last I knew the vessel was back where it belonged. Now, please, heal Kevros and let him go!
:serge: I already know about that lab and I know the vessel is not there. I know you had the vessel when we last met! I can even feel its taint still on you, whore. Now, let me motivate you to tell me where you hid it…

Serge uses hot poker on Kevros!
Kevros takes 5 damage!
Kevros is paralyzed by pain!


:kevros2: AAAAH!
:serge: Such a sweet melody…

Insert Trust you instinct!_
>>
No. 457943 ID: 886a4d

If we are too powerful to block and Lizbeth is our vessal why can't we work through her? Probably be only able to use her abilities but...

[1000 Magic Missiles, to his privates]
>>
No. 457944 ID: f2c20c

>>457942
Hang in there, Kevros.

Ask him where he got that scar, and why a Paladin is being so damned evil.
>>
No. 457946 ID: f2c20c

Oh right right, more questions to keep him busy and not torturing Kevros:
What does he want with the vessel?
Why doe she hate Kevros so much? How is he a failure as a paladin? As far as we can tell, he's the best paladin ever.
Who is he working for?

Alternatively we could just tell him we gave it to Alyssa Clown.
>>
No. 457947 ID: 9718f3

Can we jump to Serge and scold him into oblivion? It's probably a terrible idea, but that's what we're known for, isn't it?
>>
No. 457948 ID: 62bab4

>>457947
Hey, I like it.

Seeee~rge! We are the Seee~ven! You wiiiiilll ooobey us! (Compilation paladin gods totally talk like ghosts, right?).
>>
No. 457967 ID: b6edd6

I think the most important thing is to find out what we wants with the vessel. If he wants to destroy it, we can jump into his head and say "No, Serge. You are the vessel."
And then Serge was a golem.
>>
No. 457968 ID: 0c2247

>>457942
"Why are you so evil? Actually, HOW are you so evil? Aren't paladins supposed to lose their divine favor when they do something evil?
Oh, wait. You aren't really a paladin."

Oracle: Profile for Serge?
>>
No. 458047 ID: 6a1ec2

Switching to Serge is the worst idea. Every time we have come up directly against mind control villains they have wiped the floor with us.

...let's do it.
>>
No. 458050 ID: 62bab4

>>458047
But Liz is immune to mind control! And she's our character! So by some creative rule lawyering, we, and whatever character we happen to be controlling, is immune to mind control.

So taking control of Serge will make him immune to mind control. Obviously. That's just legal logic.
>>
No. 458054 ID: b33427

Kevros, be strong. You're a paladin of Batman; You can take the pain. Remember your training, and steel yourself. Spit defiance at Serge. Literally spit at him. Be the opposite of what he expects you to be. Keep his focus on you as long as you can. As much as it hurts, he'll keep you alive to try and get to Liz.

Liz, keep giving Serge the runaround by asking questions, insulting him, and making inane statements. Basically do what the other voices are saying.

Maggy, that mini-skelton Liz is carrying is going to cut her ropes with her dagger, it just needs time. If you can, find whatever magic-suppressing gizmo Serge is using on Liz and turn it off. That'll be a big help. Do you have something that could take down Serge silently, preferably non-lethally? A strong tranquilizer or paralytic, perhaps? We kind of don't want to kill him, since he's being mind controlled. Though, if things go bad, you've got full permission to take him out whichever way you deem fit.
>>
No. 458075 ID: b6edd6

Acting directly defiant won't help much; as he expects us to be defiant and will just do more damage. We do need to distract or confuse him, but we should avoid doing it in ways that involve him getting angry while still wielding a poker.
>>
No. 458093 ID: b33427

>>458075
Alright, in that case: Liz, start describing, in glowing lurid detail, your sexual escapades with Kev, and all the things you'd like to do with and to him. Don't stop for anything, Liz.

That'll definitely cause some combination of confusing Serge, sickening him, or causing him to attack Liz to try and shut her up. This is better than him torturing Kev, since time will just rewind if Liz dies.

Oh, and Kev, we're sorry for this.
>>
No. 458162 ID: b3ca75
File 134867953785.png - (18.26KB , 550x400 , 44.png )
458162

>If we are too powerful to block and Lizbeth is our vessel why can't we work through her? [1000 Magic Missiles, to his privates]

One of many cast chocolate rain on the city of Derakul!
Nicolas Cage, the harbinger of bees! Has been slain!


>Can we jump to Serge and scold him into oblivion?
Unable to connect. Target is already occupied.
>If you can, find whatever magic-suppressing gizmo Serge is using on Liz and turn it off.
:maggy2: (I think he made her ingest something. Kind of hard to turn that off)
>Do you have something that could take down Serge silently, preferably non-lethally?
:maggy2: (Not really. We were drugged before we came here, remember? That doesn’t really give us a lot of time to prepare…)

>What does he want with the vessel?
Serge uses hot poker on Kevros!
Kevros takes 5 damage!
Kevros is paralyzed by pain!

:kevros2: AAAAH!
>Ask him where he g-
Serge uses hot poker on Kevros!
Kevros takes 5 damage!
Kevros is paralyzed by pain!

:kevros2: nght!
Okay, no more questions…

>Alternatively we could just tell him we gave it to Alyssa Clown.
:serge: …well, it seems that I misjudged you. Clearly, you don’t think highly of Kevros. Well then, no matter how fun this is I have a job to do. Goodbye, Kevros, hope you burn in hell with the rest of them.
Serge unequipped hot poker!
Serge equipped dagger!

:lizbeth: no, wait!
:serge: …so, are you finally ready to talk or do I have to kill this… thing?

>Liz, start describing, in glowing lurid detail, your sexual escapades with Kev, and all the things you'd like to do with and to him. Don't stop for anything, Liz.
:serge: …wha-what?
:lizbeth: And then I’ll use my tail t-
:serge: Shut up! Just… shut up!
:lizbeth: -ntly insert it into h-
:serge: That’s it! Time to change torture subject! I’m going the burn that disgusting nym- wait…
>>
No. 458163 ID: b3ca75
File 134867954808.png - (17.99KB , 550x400 , 45.png )
458163

>Oracle: Profile for Serge?
Subject: Serge Bravesword
Age: 28
Rank: High-Templar
Gender/Race: Male/Lizard
Family: -Error!-
Location: Basement of the Red Hummer Inn.
Special: DickButt x2
Fate: Face eradicated, Gutted, Suicide.

:serge: I saw you! How dare you trying to hide from me!

Serge Throw dagger at Maggwen and misses!
Maggwen have been pinned to the wall!
Maggwen is immobilized!


:maggy2: son of a…
:serge: ooh? What’s this? It seems that I chough a third guest to our little party...

…well, the good news is that Seymour succeeded in cutting the rope and Serge is too distracted to notice. Question is, what do I do with my newfound freedom?

Insert Do a barrel roll!_
>>
No. 458165 ID: 886a4d

Did he just give the deadly assassin a knife? I think he just gave the deadly assassin a knife. I think you should show him why you don't give deadly assassins knives Maggy.

Liz induce vomitting. We need to purge whatever he made you swallow.
>>
No. 458177 ID: 6a1ec2

No, Nicholas Cage! We barely knew you! Our power is too terrible, too terrible to ever use again!
>>
No. 458180 ID: 0c2247

>>458163
use PURGE on SERGE
Then when he's covered in his own poison SOLID ILLUSION POWERED ARMOR FOR EVERYBODY THAT ISN'T SERGE! (Including tiny skeleton since that would be so cute.)
>>
No. 458201 ID: b6edd6

If the vomiting doesn't work, there is still the fact that we have a dagger and his head and possibly neck are unarmored.

>>458180
The anti-magic is still in effect right now.
>>
No. 458218 ID: b3ca75
File 134869303761.png - (17.80KB , 550x400 , 46.png )
458218

>SOLID ILLUSION POWERED ARMOR.
...I have no idea how power armor works... or what it really is, for that matter.
>No, Nicholas Cage! We barely knew you! Our power is too terrible, too terrible to ever use again!
Not using the powers won't bring back your goddamn honey!

>Did he just give the deadly assassin a knife? I think he just gave the deadly assassin a knife. I think you should show him why you don't give deadly assassins knives Maggy.
:maggy2: (I would, If he didn’t throw into the solid stone wall all the way to the hilt. There is no way I’ll get that thing out… and who made this dress!? It like it’s made of chainmail! Break dammit!)

>Liz induce vomiting. We need to purge whatever he made you swallow.
>use PURGE on SERGE!
Commencing lazy diet! Aiming… Dickbutt in crosshair! Fire “lose some pounds” cannon!

And apparently I don’t have a gag reflex… dammit, Jacob.

>If the vomiting doesn't work, there is still the fact that we have a dagger and his head and possibly neck are unarmored.
Yes, let’s go all stabby stab- hurk
:serge: …Did you really think a weak little girl without any training even had a chance against a fully trained paladin? Oh, don’t apologize, I’ll enjoy this, believe me…

Serge is choking Lizbeth!
Lizbeth can’t breathe!


:kevros2: DON’T YOU DARE TOUCH HER!
:serge: Oh… seems like I hit a nerve…

Insert perverted creator_
>>
No. 458219 ID: 6e44d2

Kevros, break from your bonds. Use that manly strength!
>>
No. 458220 ID: f2c20c

>>458218
Well, we're swiftly running out of wiggle room.

Kevros, care to go berserk with rage and break all those ropes then overpower this asshole? C'mon, summon up the might of Batman. I know you're capable of beating Serge into the ground. Use that hot poker on him.
>>
No. 458226 ID: 886a4d

Since that didn't work, toss the knife to Maggy.
>>
No. 458230 ID: f2c20c

>>458226
Oh, that's a good idea. She can use it to cut herself free.
>>
No. 458232 ID: b3ca75
File 134869632961.png - (24.06KB , 550x400 , 47.png )
458232

>Since that didn't work, toss the knife to Maggy.
I toss it the general direction where I think she is… it is kind of hard to do so while dickbutt is choking me…

>Kevros, care to go berserk with rage and break all those ropes then overpower this asshole?
:Kevros2: RAAAGH!

Kevros goes berserk!
Kevros Successfully broke his bonds!
Kevros is charging Serge!


:serge: oh, please, like a unarmed weakling would ha- off!

Kevros smashes serge’s head against the floor for 14 damage!
:serge: Son of a Kevros!
Kevros smashes serge’s head against the floor for 14 damage!
:serge: I’ll rape her for this ins-
Kevros smashes serge’s head against the floor for 14 damage!
:serge: I’ll rape your mother corp-
Kevros smashes serge’s head against the floor for 14 damage!
:serger: I.. I…uh…
Kevros smashes serge’s head against the floor for 14 damage!
:serge: ghnts…
Kevros smashes serge’s head against the floor for 14 damage!
Serge is unconscious!

>>
No. 458233 ID: b3ca75
File 134869633947.png - (20.10KB , 550x400 , 48.png )
458233

Kevros smashes serge’s head against the floor for 14 damage!
Kevros smashes serge’s head against the floor for 14 damage!
Kevros smashes serge’s head against the floor for 14 damage!
Kevros smashes serge’s head against the floor for 14 damage!
Serge has been slain!

Kevros smashes serge’s head against the floor for 14 damage!
Kevros smashes serge’s head against the floor for 14 damage!

:lizbeth: um… Kevros?
Kevros smashes serge’s head against the floor for 14 damage!
:lizbeth: it’s time to stop…
Kevros smashes serge’s head against the floor for 14 damage!
:lizbeth: kevros?
Kevros smashes serge’s head against the floor for 14 damage!
:lizbeth: you’re kind off scaring me…
Kevros failed to smashes serge’s head against the floor. Unable to find Item Serge’s Head!
Kevros failed to smashes serge’s head against the floor. Unable to find Item Serge’s Head!

Insert you wouldn’t like him angry_
>>
No. 458235 ID: 6a1ec2

Oh god why am I laughing so hard. Just leave him be.
>>
No. 458236 ID: 62bab4

Well, it's just common sense that a berserk rage can't keep going without a target to attack. So it should burn out in a moment. I don't think we have to worry about him turning on Liz- every fragment of Kevros from the mind reading mess cared about her, even the Rage one.

Hey Kev, snap out of it already! It's not very sporting to mutilate the corpse, and you've managed to find one of the few things that turn Liz off.
>>
No. 458245 ID: f2c20c

>>458233
Kevros! Control yourself! He's dead, you got him. Very dead, in fact. It's a shame, really. He was definitely mind controlled, but there wasn't really any way to get him to snap out of it.
>>
No. 458246 ID: 6e44d2

gg bro. Now calm the fuck down.
>>
No. 458250 ID: ee7d00

hey Kevros. stop thinking about war. start thinking about love. Lizbeth just found out she has no gag reflex. you know what that means, don't you?
>>
No. 458277 ID: 37aa84

You know what we haven't done in a while, a hug. Liz you hug Kevros into submission and make him stop being so senselessly violent.
>>
No. 458338 ID: 0c2247

>>458233
Walk up behind him and hug him. It's safe - for you, anyway.

Problem solved! Too bad we didn't find out who was controlling him; that would have been very useful information.
>>
No. 458356 ID: b33427

Liz, you better stand back while Kev's in this state. He might lash out and hurt you, and then he'll hate himself even more once he realizes what he's done to you. Just hang back, and we'll try to talk him down.

While we do that, Liz, go grab something sharp from the table to cut Maggy loose, and check the table and its drawers for healing potions; Torturers often have them on hand to keep torture sessions going longer. Kev's going to need them for healing once he comes down from the berserker's rage and his injuries catch up to him.

Alright, now for Kev. Liz, Maggy, sorry, but this is going to be loud.

KEVROS BRAVESWORD, STOP THAT! It's over! Liz is safe! Just stop; You're scaring Liz. Kev, please, don't scare Liz.
Kev, just release your grip, close your eyes, and breathe. Do that for Liz, okay?
>>
No. 458358 ID: 9718f3

Sing a lullaby to calm him. Then when he settles down a bit you can hug him or cradle him in your arms, or whatever.

And then since you're weaker than Maggy and can't currently use magic, she can be stuck to the wall for hours because nobody can remove the dagger but the guy who just passed out from post-rage exhaustion.
>>
No. 458370 ID: b3ca75
File 134876378719.png - (19.09KB , 550x400 , 49.png )
458370

>Oh god why am I laughing so hard.
Because you’re a psychopath, clearly…
>go grab something sharp from the table to cut Maggy loose.
:maggy2: No need, I’ve almost cut myself lose with Liz dagger… thought my poor dress looks kind of shredded…

>check the table and its drawers for healing potions.
Sweet, a drawer full of them… wait… these are my healing potions! All eleven of them! That son of a Kevros! Steal my potions will he? I kill him for th- oh wait…
>Sing a lullaby to calm him.
I don’t know any lullaby… I do know some soothing precursor music thought…

Lizbeth uses soothing melody!
Kevros is calming down!


>KEVROS BRAVESWORD, STOP THAT! It's over! Liz is safe! Just stop
:kevros2: Crush!? CRUSH!
>You're scaring Liz. Kev, please, don't scare Liz.
:kevros2: CRU- what!? No!
>Then when he settles down a bit you can hug him or cradle him in your arms, or whatever.
Setting phasers to hug! …well, my dress is covered in blood now…
>Kev, just release your grip, close your eyes, and breathe. Do that for Liz, okay?
:kevros2: …I’m sorry, Lizzy…
:lizbeth: Shhh… don’t be…
>Lizbeth just found out she has no gag reflex. you know what that means, don't you?

“Clonk!”
:lizbeth: …well, someone’s happy at least…
:kevros2: …err…

Paladin has been slain!
Wooden Door has been destroyed!


:lizbeth: Holy batman, where did that corpse come form!?
:Hans: You own me five gold, darling, ja?

Insert Hansing hans hanser hansing the hans_
>>
No. 458371 ID: 62bab4

Hans, are you seriously going to pretend you need to be paid to produce corpses?
>>
No. 458373 ID: 998d74

A bet is a bet for the betterment of Hans.
>>
No. 458378 ID: 37aa84

Liz you probably shouldn't use a vulgar phrase that utilizes your boyfriends name.
>>
No. 458380 ID: f2c20c

>>458370
Hand over the gold. Also check Serge's body for clues.
>>
No. 458381 ID: 6a1ec2

Hand over the gold, but make a show of reluctance as if you really got told just now. Psychos love that.
>>
No. 458383 ID: b3ca75
File 134877686495.png - (13.36KB , 576x288 , 50.png )
458383

>Hans, are you seriously going to pretend you need to be paid to produce corpses?
:hans: of course not, darling, but can you really say no to some fabulous gold coins? You need more money for the beer, ja?
>A bet is a bet for the betterment of Hans.
:hans: I betcha it’s Better to bet on the betterment of the betacism then betting that Kevros will sleep alone at bedtime, ja?

>Hand over the gold. Also check Serge's body for clues.
:hans: sweet, beer money!
Hmm, he has a strange medallion on him resembling some kind of insect, otherwise nothing.
>Liz you probably shouldn't use a vulgar phrase that utilizes your boyfriends name.
Sorry, everyone else was using it and I was kind of caught in the moment.

:maggy2: Can I make an suggestion? Maybe we should go outside, it stinks in here…
:Hans: Stinks? It smells fabulous in here with all the blood and guts, ja? It’s like a bed of roses, darling.
:maggy2: …you’re insane!
:hans: That’s what my therapist said, so I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti. He still hasn’t figured out how I got into his freezer to steel his cow liver.



:hans: well, you’re lucky, darling, none of the wounds is deep enough to really leave a scar after the healing. I even successfully removed the burn marks… wait, aren’t you a paladin to? Will I get another five gold if I kill you?
:kevros2: err….
:hans: oh, I’m just kidding, ja?

:dude: Sir, they are pulling back into the temple.
:friend: good, we finally have them on the defensive.
:graven: Maggy! You’re okay! I was so worried!
:maggy2: err, It was you who was captured, not me, shouldn’t it be me who was worried?
:graven: Well then, accept my apologize that I care about you!
:maggy2: Hey, you don’t have to be a sarcastic dick about it!
:graven: An you don’t have to be so blunt, dammit!

:friends: Right… so, you’re Miss Lizbeth, correct? I am the captain of the city guard and I need you to answer some question we have about these crazy paladins. Do you have any idea why they are acting like this, or why you seems to be their main target?

Hans cast curage on Kevros!
Kevros is at full health!
Loot gained: Weird Medallion!


Insert Blood fetish_
>>
No. 458385 ID: 6a1ec2

Examine weird medallion. And by examine I mean pull its stats up on the item screen.
>>
No. 458388 ID: f2c20c

>>458383
Show him the medallion, and that they were trying to find the Vessel. We should continue to keep a tight lip as to who is the vessel.

Kev, I have to wonder if Hans's lack of moral compass would bother your paladin sensibilities. Can you continue to fight alongside him until at least we've dealt with the apocalypse? He is very useful.

Speaking of Hans... Liz, I'm curious about how Hans manages to even do the things he does. As a biomorphic mage, where is he getting such offensive power? Ask him.
>>
No. 458390 ID: 6a8f04

kill the rest of the paladins with hans, the blood god needs more blood and blood is the one thing best for making plants grow, thus keeping us from starving
>>
No. 458426 ID: b33427

Liz, tell the Captain of the Guard that Serge thought you were marked with the "taint" from something called the "Vessel," and are under the impression you have it or know where it is. Say you have no idea where or what the "Vessel" is, and you can only guess you picked up the "taint" in the Precursor lab under the town. Show the Captain the weird medallions, say Serge was wearing it, and ask Graven to use his mage-o-vision to check if it's enchanted somehow. Add that it's pretty obvious something is messing with the paladins' minds, but you don't know what, or by whom.

Kev, uh... We had Oracle pull up the file on Serge, back there, and he had the same last name as you. Er... Was he your older brother, or some other relation? 'Cause if he was, we're sorry. Really sorry. Even though he was a massive horrible jerk, we should have come up with a better way to end things, and maybe save him.

Graven, Maggie, for both your sakes, please just shut up and hug each other already. I swear, you two would get along much better if you couldn't hear each other.

Hey, Hans, bet you ten gold not to kill or permanently cripple any paladins until we get to the bottom of this whole mind control situation. Massive debilitating pain, such that they'd wish they were dead, is a-okay, but no killing or maiming. Yeah, we know you're all about the blood and the guts and the massive overkills and all that, but we have a feeling we're going to need the paladins later, alive and in fighting shape.
>>
No. 458544 ID: 494a9e

probably some sort of mind-affecting magic. I suppose we couldn't blame it all on Serge's history with Kevros?
>>
No. 458568 ID: b3ca75
File 134885799956.png - (17.54KB , 576x288 , 51.png )
458568

>Examine weird medallion. And by examine I mean pull its stats up on the item screen.
Amulet of Invidus (+10 all stats)
>Graven use his mage-o-vision
:graven: (well, it’s clearly magical… and very powerful, too. I can’t really detect more tha-mmff!)
>Graven, Maggie, for both your sakes, please just shut up and hug each other already.
…er…I don’t think they can hear you… or anyone else over their… um… tongue wrestle?

>Kev, I have to wonder if Hans's lack of moral compass would bother your paladin sensibilities.
:kevros2: (He hasn’t attack anyone innocent yet… wait, was those gladiators innocent? Well, he has talked a lot about his really amoral action, but I’ve never seen him done anything really wrong… yet. Besides, isn’t it better to aim him against the right cause then to let him run wild? Hmm…)
>Kev, uh... We had Oracle pull up the file on Serge, back there, and he had the same last name as you.
:kevros2: (Wait what? We were related? I-I didn’t know that… Serge was my fighting instructor when I was in the academy. I never knew he had that kind of connection with me… thought it might explain why he never liked me.)

>I'm curious about how Hans manages to even do the things he does.
:hans: Why, darling, I’m using the power of off screen awesome, of course! That why you’ll never see me do these fabulous feats on screen… at least when it isn’t in a cut scene, ja?
:lizbeth: …okay, He’s clearly bonkers.
>Hey, Hans, bet you ten gold not to kill or permanently cripple any paladins until we get to the bottom of this whole mind control situation.
:hans: aw… your no fun. Can’t I at least kill them a little, ja? No? That’s really unfabulous of you, darling…

>kill the rest of the paladins with hans, the blood god needs more blood and blood is the one thing best for making plants grow, thus keeping us from starving.
hmm, let’s see here. It’s the middle of the night, I’m really tired, all my allies are probably tired, the paladins have pulled back into an easily defaceable position, they outnumber us heavily and whoever is controlling them is still out there… That does sound fun but no, at least not today.

>Show him the medallion.
:friend: hmm, you said their leader was wearing this? I do recognize it from somewhere, but I can’t place it. Maybe it the symbol of one of the smaller noble houses and he was a member?
>tell the Captain of the Guard that Serge thought you were marked with the "taint" from something called the "Vessel," and are under the impression you have it or know where it is.
:friend: The vessel? Hmm, can’t say I’ve ever heard of it…
>it's pretty obvious something is messing with the paladins' minds, but you don't know what, or by whom.
:friend: Of course someone is controlling them, but we are trying to find out how. Even the lowest of the paladins should have a lot of training resisting most ways of mind control and the higher ups would have artifacts on them at all times to make them completely immune.



:sonya: well, this has been fun but I think it’s time to head back the mercenaries guild for some R&R… aka drink all the money we earned.
:olof: err… we never got paid. The place we were supposed to guard burned down, remember?
:sonya: ……….FFFFFFUU-
:kevros3: …so…Liz…um… I was w-wondering…err… i-if…um… Icansleepinyourroomtonight? …I’ll take a s-shower first of course…
:lizbeth:
:kevros3: …why are you looking at me like that? It’s like how a hungry predator looks at a prey…
So many options… so little time… hmm, let’s see, I got rope, gender changing potions, a catalog full of toys I can make with magic, those skill books, a nun outfit and a maid outfit… so many options…
:kevros3: …err…Liz? Are you alright?

Insert why does it always fall back to this, its degrading_
>>
No. 458571 ID: 62bab4

>Amulet of Invidus (+10 all stats)
That sounds fantastically wonderful, although we can't equip it till we get a competent and trustworthy artificer to verify it's not cursed, or a mind control item or something.

...actually wait, Liz is immune to mind control. So we could wear it for the stats even if it is! Still, wear-ID-ing strange jewellery is a bad idea. Get it checked out first.

>I’m using the power of off screen awesome, of course!
Clearly the best feat in the game.
>>
No. 458578 ID: f2c20c

>>458570
Shh, everyone can hear us. You'll spoil the surprise.

>>458568
Use the other outfit, and the skill book. Kev should drink a potion for cuddling purposes to get him used to it, and confirm that he likes it. Maybe he actually doesn't?
>>
No. 458580 ID: 6a1ec2

>>458578

Hear what? I didn't say anything!
>>
No. 458587 ID: b6edd6

Invidus means envy, which in this case means Clown.
>>
No. 458596 ID: f2c20c

>>458587
Nice catch. Yep. That amulet is a channeling device for Clown to take over people through.

Weird, though. You'd think Clown would know that Liz is the vessel. Why didn't Serge know? Perhaps the amulet doesn't work as direct mind control, but more... suggestion.
>>
No. 458607 ID: 2f4b71

>>458568
>the paladins have pulled back into an easily defaceable position
>easily defaceable
Then our new plan shall be... write rude things about them all over their barricades!
>>
No. 458609 ID: 494a9e

go easy on the dude, Liz. he almost popped a brain vessel the last time.
>>
No. 458689 ID: b33427

Hey, Kevros, do all the paladin orders get all their gear enchantments done by the same third-party? 'Cause if they do, I suspect that every one of those enchants had some kind of conduit for a mass mind control or suggestion spell slipped in, even on the bog standard low-level armor enchants. Oh, also, your order-issued armor doesn't have any enchants on it, right, Kev?

Graven, would it be possible to deep scan or safely pick apart the enchantments on the Amulet of Invidus to see if there's anything under the stat bonus enchants?

Liz, you can help Kev shower by scrubbing him extra clean, and I'm sure he wouldn't mind doing the same to you. See if you can borrow Graven's scale wax to buff Kev's scales. Make sure to get every last one of them.

Oh, Liz, did you get that magic blocking effect removed? 'Cause that'd really put a crimp on the sexy-fun-times with Kev.

Since it's already late, you two should get to sleep soon, but that doesn't mean you can't have some fun first. If you keep casting haste on yourself and Kev, you could fit an entire session of rampant sex into a fraction of the time. You'd only have to worry about setting the sheets on fire from the friction, and maybe shaking the bed apart. You're also going to need a couple stamina potions to take afterwards, so you both aren't dead tired in the morning.
>>
No. 459456 ID: f2c20c

Hey Liz, mind doing a search for all the other major arcana Tarot cards in your database?

Oracle, mind giving us some names to attach to the tarot cards as well? Hey, what information are you withholding, anyway? You probably won't answer that but I'm interested in HOW you won't.

We already know these:
Heirophant (Graven)
Justice (Kevros)
Hanged Man (Maggy)
The World (Virtue aka Sloth)
The Hermit (Oracle)

We're missing:
The Magician
The High Priestess
The Empress
The Emperor
The Lovers
The Chariot
Wheel of Fortune
Strength
Death
Temperance
The Devil
The Tower
The Star
The Moon
The Sun
Judgement

The Fool seems to be attributed to Kev's duck, but I want to look it up anyway.
>>
No. 463533 ID: b3ca75
File 135041097580.png - (12.57KB , 576x288 , 52.png )
463533

>Shh, everyone can hear us. You'll spoil the surprise.
I think I’ve figured how to limit who you broadcast to… at least no seemed to react to what you just said.
>Then our new plan shall be... write rude things about them all over their barricades!
I don’t think it even has to be rude things, they have barricaded themselves in a temple, after all. It is sacrilege either way.

>Hey, Kevros, do all the paladin orders get all their gear enchantments done by the same third-party?
:kevros2: Actually, all the armor and enchantments are done by other paladins adapt in those arts.
>Your order-issued armor doesn't have any enchants on it, right, Kev?
:kevros2: I’m only an initiate, I haven’t even earned my armor yet.
> Graven, would it be possible to deep scan or safely pick apart the enchantments on the Amulet of Invidus to see if there's anything under the stat bonus enchants?
:graven: Well, If you was able to find someone very adapt in the art of enchantments, sure. It would probably destroy the amulet thought.

>Liz, you can help Kev shower by scrubbing him extra clean, and I'm sure he wouldn't mind doing the same to you.
:lizbeth: Hey, Kevros, do you mind if I help you? I can scrub those hard to reach places~
:kevros3: err… s-sure?
:lizbeth: And then you can help me get clean by scrubbing every little inch of my body… With your tongue~
:kevros3: Nght!
>See if you can borrow Graven's scale wax to buff Kev's scales.
:graven: Actually, I use saltwater. I can control the elements, remember?
:maggy2: Wait, you can make my skin that smooth too?
:graven: err… well, um… mayb- AH! W-what are you doing? Put me down!
:maggy2: No time to talk, It’s pedicure time!

:sonya: …why does it feel like I’ve been standing here for weeks?
>>
No. 463534 ID: b3ca75
File 135041098579.png - (10.26KB , 550x400 , 53.png )
463534

…Showering…please stand by…

>Hey Liz, mind doing a search for all the other major arcana Tarot cards in your database?
>Oracle, mind giving us some names to attach to the tarot cards as well?

The Fool – A. C. Duck.
The Magician - You.
The High Priestess – Original Lizbeth.
The Empress – Current Lizbeth.
The Emperor – Serge.
The Lovers – Lust.
The Chariot – Jacob.
Wheel of Fortune – Helga.
Strength - Olof.
Death – Greed.
Temperance – The solution.
The Devil – Hans.
The Tower – Pride.
The Star – Sonya.
The Moon – Envy.
The Sun – Edge.
Judgement – Wrath.
>Hey, what information are you withholding, anyway?
:hal: The ones I’ve been programmed to withhold.

…shower completed…

:kevros3: I can’t feel my tongue anymore…
>>
No. 463535 ID: b3ca75
File 135041099504.png - (14.68KB , 800x600 , 54.png )
463535

>Kev should drink a potion for cuddling purposes to get him used to it, and confirm that he likes it.
Of course, we still don’t know if he actually is interested in changing. He’s only expressed interests in the other genders clothes, after all. And it would be quite mean to force him to change, right?
>Oh, Liz, did you get that magic blocking effect removed?
I can feel it being purged from my system as we speak. It seems that I have some kind of defense mechanism against this sort of thing after all.
>If you keep casting haste on yourself and Kev, you could fit an entire session of rampant sex into a fraction of the time.
But then the rampant enjoyment would only last for a fraction of the time, too! That kind of sacrifice isn’t worth it, man!

>Use the other outfit, and the skill book.

Lizbeth equips Nun outfit!

:lizbeth: hey, kevy~
:kevros2: …what the hell, liz.
:lizbeth: …err…what?
:kevros2: Did you honestly believe I would find that in any way appealing? I grew up with nuns as mother figures for the gods sake! Liz, please, should you at least try to think before you do anything remotely spontaneous and… and I’m sorry for lashing out like this. It just… I’ve felt so angry today and… and I don’t know why. Usually can I can control it but… this was a bad idea… I-I should go. Goodnight Lizbeth…

…wait, that’s not how it was supposed to go!

Kevros -3 happiness!
Kevros -1 trust!


Insert, it’s alive! IT’S ALIVE!_
>>
No. 463716 ID: 9718f3

...Well crud, we didn't actually consider that, did we?

Say you're sorry and that he's right, you didn't think it through. Also thank him for shutting you down like he did, upon reflection it was a pretty terrible idea. You'll make it up to him later, however he wants you to.
>>
No. 463732 ID: b33427

Oh, gods! Why did you do... Never mind that.

Put up an illusion of a dressing screen in front of yourself and yank that nun outfit off as quick as you can, and slip it back in your inventory. Wrap yourself in a solid illusion of frumpy flannel pajamas instead; All chance of sex tonight is out the window, and looking sexy right now would not be a good idea.

Follow him if he leaves before you can speak. Say that only things you can say for yourself are you're sorry, and that he's right about how you should think before you act on impulse; Even with the Voices and all.

Also say that it's not a bad thing that he spoke out like he did. It's good if he acts a little less meek, and a little more assertive, especially when you do things that he considers out of line.

Ask if he would share a bed with you and talk with you about what happened today; It's pretty obvious he has troubling thoughts weighing on his mind that'd do him good to air. Absolutely promise you won't do anything more intimate than cuddling if he does take your offer.
>>
No. 463734 ID: f2c20c

>>463535
...but he was staring at the nun outfit in the shop. That's why we thought he was interested in it, not his past. Take it off regardless, but ask him what that was about. Was he staring at something NEXT to the nun outfit?
>>
No. 463737 ID: f2c20c

Oh wait, now I get it. He was thinking about wearing it himself... That was before we knew he cross-dressed.
>>
No. 463792 ID: 43b15d

manslaves aren't supposed to have real feeling goddammit. now you're gonna have to apologize and shit.
>>
No. 464050 ID: 6a1ec2

Too late to change clothes. Unless by change clothes you mean tear them apart. Actually that might be theraputic.
>>
No. 464058 ID: b3ca75
File 135049673630.png - (21.65KB , 800x600 , 55.png )
464058

>manslaves aren't supposed to have real feeling goddammit. now you're gonna have to apologize and shit.
I don’t know if I should be more offended that you thought Kevros was a man slave or that I’d have one.
>...but he was staring at the nun outfit in the shop.
He was probably just chocked to see it there. After all, it would be like walking into a strip club and seeing your mom dance there… and your mom actually was a saint!

>Put up an illusion of a dressing screen in front of yourself and yank that nun outfit off as quick as you can, and slip it back in your inventory. Wrap yourself in a solid illusion of frumpy flannel pajamas instead; All chance of sex tonight is out the window, and looking sexy right now would not be a good idea.
>Too late to change clothes. Unless by change clothes you mean tear them apart. Actually that might be theraputic.
I got something better in mind!
:lizbeth: Redundant transformation sequence, activate! Transform into to shape of the flannel pajamas!

“Cue 5 minute transformation sequence!”

:duck: Wait, weren’t the whole purpose of the clothe change to become less attractive? I don’t see how a half-naked dance and light show helps with that…
:tim: Shh, I’m trying to film it. This stuff is worth its own weight in gold!
:lizbeth: In the name of the Moon!
>>
No. 464059 ID: b3ca75
File 135049674624.png - (49.32KB , 800x600 , 56.png )
464059

>Say you're sorry and that he's right, you didn't think it through.
:kevros2: Apology accepted…
>Also thank him for shutting you down like he did, upon reflection it was a pretty terrible idea.
:kevros2: Wait… you’re grateful that I yelled at you?
:Lizbeth: Of course! I mean, if I don’t know my own flaws how should I ever be able to conquer them?
:kevros2: …didn’t I say that?
>You'll make it up to him later, however he wants you to.
:kevros2: well, that’s not really neci-
:lizbeth: I’ll even get you a date with Graven.
:kevros2: …wha-
:lizbeth: just kidding.

>It's good if he acts a little less meek, and a little more assertive, especially when you do things that he considers out of line.
:kevros2: Then I-I’ll try be more a-assertive… I mean, if y-you want me to… I mean, if you’ll let me…um…I mean, sorry…
>Ask if he would share a bed with you and talk with you about what happened today; It's pretty obvious he has troubling thoughts weighing on his mind that'd do him good to air. Absolutely promise you won't do anything more intimate than cuddling if he does take your offer.
:kevros2: You really promise you won’t do anything?
:lizbeth: I vow that if I break this promise I won’t have any sex for a whole month.
:kevros2: That’s… actually quite a sacrifice coming from someone like you.
:lizbeth: Only for you, Kevy.
:kevros2: Well… I accept, I guess? It’ only that I don’t really have anything to say… which is what the problem is. I’ve just felt so angry since… err… I think it was when Graven was messing around with you mind it started? Anyhow, the worst part is that I’ve no idea why! I don’t have any reason to be this angry about anything that’s happen… and… and I haven’t felt like this since I was younger and when my bro- I mean, before I became a paladin. It’s just f-feels like I’m losing control again…

Insert where is all the therapist?_
>>
No. 464089 ID: f2c20c

>>464059
It's because his anger from back then never went away. He just kept it locked up. Tell him about what you saw in his mind/your mind, and what you had to do to get him out of there. He needs to tell you everything... but he also needs to learn to accept his cross-dressing urges, and not to be so angry at himself about it.
>>
No. 464127 ID: ad93b4

tell him about how you released white knight Kevros, and Black Knight Kevros, and Blood Knight Kevros, and also Pink Knight Kevros.
>>
No. 464130 ID: 6a1ec2

Graven? Graven was never involved with that. He just tripped the switch that activated Liz's "throw open the gates and suck thy attackers inside, then allow thy fortress to be sacked" defense mechanism. The rest was all the mind of Lizbeth.

(Seriously, what the hell kind of defense mechanism was that?)

As in the dream, Kevros can control his anger, not by locking it away, but by cherishing it and understanding it. Anger is a precious motivator and instead of swallowing it and seething, the wise warrior will closely examine what is causing him to be angry. Possibly with the tip of a sword.

Oh and a gender swap potion never helps with anger. Ever. Just trust us on that. Or if need be, allow you to prove it to him by changing him into a girl, then being insensitive in his general area, as an experiment to see if he's cured of his anger.
>>
No. 464309 ID: b33427

...Er, yeah. You, and us, might have unintentionally had something to do with that. Fill him in on what happened after Graven tripped your mental security counter-measures. That you convinced the elements of his psyche to stop fighting each other to keep them from wrecking your self-identity and put it back together. At the time it was the best option, but it looks like it had the effect of loosening the binds on his anger, and possibly other parts of his psyche. Ask if he's noticed any other feelings that he's suppressed coming up as well.

As for the anger, it's not for the best for Kev to keep it completely locked up. Doing that'll keep him from learning how to handle releasing it in a safe manner when it eventually erupts. He also won't know how to get angry at a situation at the appropriate level when he should get angry; It'll either be the meek "doormat" level or a massive "dam break" flood. Conjure up the solid illusion of a punching bag, and ask Kev to think of things that make him angry, say them out loud, and to punch the bag if he gets mad enough to get physical.
>>
No. 464744 ID: b3ca75
File 135076310213.png - (50.77KB , 800x600 , 57.png )
464744

>Seriously, what the hell kind of defense mechanism was that?
A defective one, if I’m going to guess. It was probably meant to quarantine the minds instead of letting them roam free and thus putting everyone involved in the mercy of whoever controlled me at the time.

>Tell him about what you saw in his mind/your mind, and what you had to do to get him out of there.
:lizbeth: -so I got them to corporate and rebuild my psyche. Which might have let your anger side free and probably making all this my fault… kind off… a little…
:kevros2: Discipline, focus… don’t do anything rash… don’t hit her…
:lizbeth: err… It was the best course of action at the time and…um… I’m sorry, okay?
:kevros2:
>he also needs to learn to accept his cross-dressing urges, and not to be so angry at himself about it.
:kevros2: I’ve already accepted those urges. The anger part is a little more difficult thought. It is after all the cause for a lot of the difficulties in my life. You can’t blame me for blaming it, right?

>Anger is a precious motivator and instead of swallowing it and seething, the wise warrior will closely examine what is causing him to be angry. Possibly with the tip of a sword.
:kevros2: I’m neither wise enough or have the self-control to not let the anger warp my judgment. If I would try using it as a motivator then that sword tip would probably be drenched with a lot of unnecessary blood.
>Ask if he's noticed any other feelings that he's suppressed coming up as well.
:kevros2: Well… I do have this gigantic urge for Cheetos… but I don’t think it have anything to do with this. Unless I have a Cheetos Kevros inside me also.

>Conjure up the solid illusion of a punching bag, and ask Kev to think of things that make him angry, say them out loud, and to punch the bag if he gets mad enough to get physical.
:kevros2: I don’t know… I can’t really image anything that would make me angry enough to punch something.
:lizbeth: What are you, a panties wearing coward?
:kevros2: Well, now I’m pissed off about you… though I don’t see how taunting me is going to make this better.
:lizbeth: How about I say things I think you’re angry about? Like… Cheetos!
:kevros2: …why would I be angry about Cheetos?

Insert welcome to crazyville, population – me_

:kevros2: To tell you the truth, the punching clown is starting to piss me off for some reason.
:lizbeth: Don’t worry, it does that to everyone.
>>
No. 464745 ID: 886a4d

Well we highly suspect that the one who dresses as a clown made those paladins go crazy. Since we can't find it beating up this thing will help!
>>
No. 464768 ID: f2c20c

>>464744
His brother making his life miserable. Someone hurting you. People saying "Son of a Kevros" as a swear.

...ask him if he still blames himself for what happened to his parents.
>>
No. 464778 ID: b33427

Conjure up a solid illusion bowl full of Cheetos for Kevros to munch on. Maybe if his anger spikes, he can stuff his face as a distraction.

>>464768
...Er, maybe don't turn it up to eleven right off the bat by bringing up Kev's parents, okay.

Start by asking Kev to recall for you the circumstances around the first time he lost control to his anger, and when. Then ask what he did when he entered the paladin order of Batman to calm himself and keep the anger in check; He should do that if things start heading out of hand.
>>
No. 464825 ID: b3ca75
File 135077825613.png - (49.87KB , 800x600 , 58.png )
464825

>Well we highly suspect that the one who dresses as a clown made those paladins go crazy. Since we can't find it beating up this thing will help!
Since when have beating up clown not helped? I mean, feeling down? Beat up a clown! Need cash to pay someone you own? Steal the wallet from a clown! oh, gods, I’m a psychopath…
>Conjure up a solid illusion bowl full of Cheetos for Kevros to munch on.
Well, that’s settle it, no kissing tonight. Cheetos breathe… urgh!

>People saying "Son of a Kevros" as a swear.
:kevros2: Actually, you do kind of get used to it after a few years. They should really be more original in there bullying, right?
>ask what he did when he entered the paladin order of Batman to calm himself and keep the anger in check; He should do that if things start heading out of hand.
:kevros2: …you want me to get someone to hurt me when I get angry?
:lizbeth: Wait, what? That doesn’t sound like paladins of batman at all!
:kevros2: First off, most of the teachers wasn’t paladins, especially those who was in charge of the less… paladin stuffy things. Second, I am after all a reforming criminal, that does kind of justify a little pain.
:lizbeth: I still think that it doesn’t fit them, at all.

>Start by asking Kev to recall for you the circumstances around the first time he lost control to his anger, and when.
:kevros2: If I remember correctly, then it was just after my mother’s… “accident”. There were some other kids who insulted her memory and… let’s just say that stick and stones really do break bones.

>His brother making his life miserable. Someone hurting you.
>...ask him if he still blames himself for what happened to his parents.
>...Er, maybe don't turn it up to eleven right off the bat by bringing up Kev's parents, okay.
You’re right, I should probably raise the bar slowly so he doesn’t flip out. I don’t really know how I am supposed to raise it or how I’m supposed to bring up his parents death without him doing something he will regret, though... actually, what is our main goal here? I have no idea how this will help him get control over his anger.

Insert sad clowns_
>>
No. 464834 ID: f2c20c

>>464825
It sounds like they basically brainwashed him into not being angry ever.

Um, you could start slow by having him think of someone committing an evil deed. Start little like stealing candy from a baby, up to armed robbery then kicking puppies, then murder.

As for how this helps, well, it's mainly to get him practiced on calming himself down without outside help. There's also constructive expression of anger, he can practice that. Oh, check your database for any knowledge on anger management or psychotherapy, specifically trauma-related therapy.

Only bring up his parents once he's gotten good at controlling himself and is already calm.
>>
No. 464851 ID: 15255a

you usually do that over many many days. so not now.
>>
No. 464904 ID: 6a1ec2

Don't be silly. Batman loves hurting people. It's killing that he won't do. Which makes Kevros basically the antithesis of Batman, but don't tell him I said that.
>>
No. 464947 ID: b3ca75
File 135082030822.png - (51.49KB , 800x600 , 59.png )
464947

>Don't be silly. Batman loves hurting people. It's killing that he won't do.
Maybe your right… it doesn’t really fit a paladin order to go around hurting people on a drop of a hat thought…
>It sounds like they basically brainwashed him into not being angry ever.
Isn’t that how all therapy works? Brainwash the common people so that the government / illuminati / Stonemasons can take over the ice cream parlor across the street? Oh gods, you’re one of them, aren’t you! Must wear tin foil hat, must protect myself from alien reptile men’s mind control…
>Oh, check your database for any knowledge on anger management or psychotherapy, specifically trauma-related therapy.
…it’s suggesting that I either shove him into a mental hospital or execute him immediately. It’s also reminding me that free thinking and being poor are mental illnesses punishable by death...

>you could start slow by having him think of someone committing an evil deed. Start little like stealing candy from a baby, up to armed robbery then kicking puppies, then murder.
:lizbeth: how about someone committing a crime? Like stealing?
:kevros2: That does make me a little angry, yes…
:lizbeth: how about armed robbery.
:kevros2: A little worse…
:lizbeth: Kicking a puppy?
:kevros2: …That’s kind of silly, right? I mean, who would even do that?
:lizbeth: Murder a puppy?

Kevros Punches Clown for 0 damage!

:lizbeth: murder in general?
:kevros2: err… you can’t really judge it before you know the motivation…
:lizbeth: hmm, how about… ra-
>>
No. 464948 ID: b3ca75
File 135082031875.png - (71.50KB , 800x600 , 60.png )
464948

:maggy2: -pe I’m not as smooth as you yet.
:graven: It took me years to get this smooth. If we keep doing this everyday you’ll see th-

“CRASH!”

:maggy2: Holy joker on a pogo stick!
:graven:
:maggy2: Is that… a punching clown?
:lizbeth: are you guys okay in there?
:kevros2: I’m sorry!
:graven: …please tell me this isn’t some weird fetish you two have develop?

Insert clown fetish_
>>
No. 464969 ID: d4ad1a

lul. I guess the therapy can take a break. Head over and chill with your bros?
>>
No. 464973 ID: 44f93b

>please tell me this isn’t some weird fetish you two have developed?
Don't worry, Gravs. Those two have enough weird fetishes without bringing clowns into it.
>>
No. 465038 ID: b3ca75
File 135086523007.png - (70.35KB , 800x600 , 61.png )
465038

>Don't worry, Gravs. Those two have enough weird fetishes without bringing clowns into it.
:graven: knowing that doesn’t really expel my worries…
:maggy2: Don’t look down on the clowns. Artisans like clowns and other of their sort are actually quite fun in bed. Like, this one time I was with a mime an-
:graven: Okay, stop. No one wants to hear about horizontal tango exploits.
:lizbeth: Actually…
:kevros2: The mime part does kind of intrigue me…
:graven: No one sane want to hear about them…

>Head over and chill with your bros?
:lizbeth: so… what’s up?
:graven: well, apparently someone just destroyed a large part of Maggys wall and thus ruining any chance I had to get some sleep tonight…
:kevros2: Can’t you just sleep in your own room?
:graven: Let’s just say a very complicated series of events have transpired which have deprived me of my room.
:maggy2: He lost his keys…
:graven: shush you…
:kevros2: Also, I can’t really see how a hole in the wall would make it impossible for you to sleep.
:graven: I already know how much Liz there snores. I’ve already tried to sleep in the same room as her once and that ended with her keeping me awake all night.
:maggy2: It’s not that bad…
:graven: It’s like a lumber mill! A lumber mill on crack! With a chainsaw! That’s also on crack!

Insert chainsaw wielding lumber clowns on crack_
>>
No. 465041 ID: 886a4d

Well Liz IS an illusionist. Make a set of keys for him. Skeletoon keys if need be.
>>
No. 465044 ID: f2c20c

>>465038
Um, do we only have three rooms? If there's a fourth, then there are still two isolated sleeping areas.

I feel uncomfortable about staying in these rooms anyway. Didn't Ridcully try to kill us here in the previous timeline?

I kinda feel like we're forgetting some task we were planning on doing when we had some free time, too.
>>
No. 465049 ID: 37aa84

Graven, I assure you I am perfectly sane and the mime has also intrigued me. For example I would like to know how dirty talk works when your profession forbids you from speech?
>>
No. 465145 ID: b33427

>>465044
There is Kev's room. Liz and Kev can share that, Maggy can stay put, and Graven can take Liz's bed. Uh, though he should get fresh bedsheets, since they weren't changed after last night's marathon sex romp.

...Though, you do have a point about staying where possible enemies know where you are. I also think Graven doesn't want to sleep where Liz and Kev "did it" multiple times, even with clean sheets. Everyone should pack up their gear, and we'll take a couple rooms at a quality inn. Unless every inn in around is packed due to the grand opening of the arena, then you'll just have to stay here.

I can't think of a task to do that could be done now. Everyone is tired after today, anyway, and should get some sleep.

>>465049
There's probably an entire sub-class of miming that deals with conveying lewd and sexual ideas through mere gestures.
>>
No. 465173 ID: b3ca75
File 135089735245.png - (71.00KB , 800x600 , 62.png )
465173

>Well Liz IS an illusionist. Make a set of keys for him. Skeleton keys if need be.
That would be a great idea, except I have no idea how skeleton key that would work on these door would look like...
>Graven, I assure you I am perfectly sane.
:graven: That’s debatable…
>For example I would like to know how dirty talk works when your profession forbids you from speech?
:maggy2: oh, he was a real master in doing sexual gestures. He should convey such lewd meanings that would make Kevros faint with a mere hand gesture. It was a real shame that I had to strangle him with his own invisible rope afterwards…
:graven: See? This is exactly why we don’t want to hear about your bed adventures. They always seem to end with bodies…

>I feel uncomfortable about staying in these rooms anyway. Didn't Ridcully try to kill us here in the previous timeline?
:kevros2: Try is to wrong word…
:graven: Besides, I don’t think he really would have a problem finding us if he wanted to. We are after all very far from discreet.
>we'll take a couple rooms at a quality inn. Unless every inn in around is packed due to the grand opening of the arena.
:graven: Last time I checked people were even renting out their closets for ridicules prices, so yes, the inn is probably packed to the brim.

>There is Kev's room. Liz and Kev can share that, Maggy can stay put, and Graven can take Liz's bed.
:graven: I’m going to have to decline sleeping in… whatever liquids you two have produced. Besides, Maggys bed is big enough to fit both of us, no? So please, by all means, shuffle off to Kevros room so we can actually get some sleep.
:kevros2: Wait, no! I mean… err… we can’t! I…um…lost my… keys?
:graven: …somehow I don’t believe you…

Insert lewd mime killing_
>>
No. 465174 ID: 6a1ec2

No get this, not only did she and Kevros not bump uglies, she dressed up as a nun. The most liquids they produced is Kevros working up a sweat beating up the punching clown, and lizards do not sweat.
>>
No. 465178 ID: f2c20c

>>465173
Kev, I'm sure whatever is in your room is nothing new or startling to us or Liz. Unless you can conjure up another room for Liz to sleep in we gotta use yours.
>>
No. 465179 ID: b33427

Oh, Kev, let Liz see your room already. You love her, and she loves you, even knowing more about you than pretty much anyone else. She's not going to run screaming from the guildhall, or laugh at you, or whatever, for what she sees there, okay.

>>465174
While Liz and Kev didn't get that far tonight, there's still the matter of "leftovers" from their last session. Liz may need to get a new mattress by now, and remember to change the sheets immediately afterwards in the future, or conjure up a solid illusion bed to use.

Hey, Graven, in the morning maybe Liz can use her Blink spell to pop to the other side of your room's door and unlock it for you. That is, unless the Guild doors are Blink-proof.
>>
No. 465185 ID: 44f93b

>unless the Guild doors are Blink-proof
Generally all doors are blink proof. The usual limitations of a blink spell are a LOS distance restriction and you can only reach locations you'd be able to walk to anyways.

So passing to the other side of doors or walls, even when they're transparent, is no go.
>>
No. 465192 ID: b33427

>>465185
Well, nuts. Can't even look through the keyhole to get in either. Guess Graven'll just have to pester the Guild quarters superintendent to get a replacement key or have the lock changed. He can mention the big hole in the wall of Liz's room while he's there.

...Oh, maybe he could get one of the sneakier types around here to pick the lock while he's waiting for the superintendent to get off his ass and do something. Hey, perhaps Maggy knows her way around a set of lockpicks and can do that for him.
>>
No. 465228 ID: b3ca75
File 135093071627.png - (18.57KB , 800x600 , 63.png )
465228

>Liz may need to get a new mattress by now, and remember to change the sheets immediately afterwards in the future, or conjure up a solid illusion bed to use.
First off, it hasn’t been that long. If I clean it up tomorrow morning I’m sure it will be fine. Second, that part about conjuring a bed? Genius!
>The usual limitations of a blink spell are a LOS distance restriction and you can only reach locations you'd be able to walk to anyways.
Actually, it is fully possible to blink somewhere you can’t actually see, thought if you don’t know the location like the palm of your hand it very big chance that you’ll get stuck in something solid, like the floor, and let me tell you that isn’t pretty.

>Hey, perhaps Maggy knows her way around a set of lockpicks and can do that for him.
:graven: I’ve already asked her to do it but she have apparently “misplaced” her lock picks…
:maggy2: Te-he~
:kevros2: …why do I have a feeling I know who took your key…
:graven: What do you mean? I said I los- wait… Maggy, did you steal it?
:maggy2: Maybe~
:graven: …just give it back…
:maggy2: well, then take it, it’s just… I’ve put it somewhere very… “safe” for the time being. If you want it you’ll have to retrieve it yourself~
:kevros3: And that’s our cue to leave, goodnight.
:lizbeth: B-but I wanted to watch…

>Oh, Kev, let Liz see your room already. You love her, and she loves you, even knowing more about you than pretty much anyone else. She's not going to run screaming from the guildhall, or laugh at you, or whatever, for what she sees there, okay.
:kevros3: Fine, here you go, my room… happy now?
:lizbeth: I was kind of expecting something worse. This is after all just the stuff I already know off…
:kevros3: It’s still embarrassing, okay?

Insert a Insert joke I haven’t already used… what do you mean I’ve already used that joke?_
>>
No. 465239 ID: 0c2247

>>465228
Hug him, then let him know you want to see him try all these outfits on.
>>
No. 465259 ID: 84a178

Check out the big photo. I assume it's a family portrait. Who is the one in the blue armor who looks like they have gray skin as opposed to the green skin of the other three.
>>
No. 465279 ID: 6a8f04

>>465259
that's his brother and the 'gray skin' is a hole ripped into where his face would have been
>>
No. 465283 ID: b3ca75
File 135093970316.png - (18.70KB , 800x600 , 64.png )
465283

>Check out the big photo. I assume it's a family portrait.
It looks like it is. The one on the right even look like Kevros but older, so I’m going to assume that’s his dad?
>Who is the one in the blue armor who looks like they have gray skin as opposed to the green skin of the other three?
Actually, it looks like someone was desperate trying to claw the armored ones face away, only leaving a gray smudge when the paint came off… I can even see some smaller stab holes besides the claw marks.
:Kevros2: I-it was an accident w-while I was moving it, okay!? Now, please, let’s ignore the painting and never bring it up again.

>that's his brother.
You are probably correct… wait, wouldn’t that mean that the cute little kid is Kevy? Aw… He was a really adorable child...

>Hug him, and then let him know you want to see him try all these outfits on.
:kevros3: W-what? Right n-now? But it’s in t-the middle of the night!? Can’t it wait to tomorrow at least?

Insert an Insert joke I haven’t already used… what do you mean I’ve already used this joke?_
>>
No. 465284 ID: c31f72

Yes, it can wait until tommorrow. Hopefully it can wait until we can get Maggy to help.
>>
No. 465298 ID: b33427

Aw, Kev's adorable when he's all flustered and his head blushes beet red, isn't he? Give him a pat on the cheek and tell him that.

Yeah, the full wardrobe review can wait until tomorrow. Though, he can still throw on a nightgown, or whatever he wears to bed, for you to have a gander tonight. Get something for yourself as well, since you're wearing naught but illusions; You promised no sex, so no tempting things by being naked during the night.

Before going to bed, check out that pink thing that's hanging on his mirror. While doing that, maybe comment to Kev that he's really open about his cross-dressing in his room. Considering how embarrassed he's about it elsewhere, it's a pleasant surprise he doesn't have it under lock and key in here.

Hmmm... I'm wondering: How much sexual dimorphism is there between the genders of lizard-folk? 'Cause if there isn't a lot of overt tells, Kev might actually pass as female in a dress, if he was slender and not the massive, delicious slab of beefcake he is. ...Oh, and I just got the wicked idea of getting Graven into a dress to see how feminine he looks.
>>
No. 465335 ID: 5b26d6

sure... if that really is what he wants.
>>
No. 465424 ID: b3ca75
File 135097125908.png - (17.58KB , 800x600 , 65.png )
465424

>Aw, Kev's adorable when he's all flustered and his head blushes beet red, isn't he? Give him a pat on the cheek and tell him that.
:kevros3: You’re only making me flustered, you know…
:lizbeth: That’s the point, silly…
>check out that pink thing that's hanging on his mirror.
It looks like the pink bow he was wearing when he was in the maid outfit.
>comment to Kev that he's really open about his cross-dressing in his room. Considering how embarrassed he's about it elsewhere, it's a pleasant surprise he doesn't have it under lock and key in here.
:kevros3: B-but I had the door locked… doesn’t that count as under lock and key? Besides, I usually don’t have it this visible, it just that I haven’t had the time to clean up, okay?

>I'm wondering: How much sexual dimorphism is there between the genders of lizard-folk?
To a non-lizard there is nearly none but between ourselves… well, the nose knows…
>I just got the wicked idea of getting Graven into a dress to see how feminine he looks.
Best idea!

>Yes, it can wait until tommorrow. Hopefully it can wait until we can get Maggy to help.
Sharing is caring, after all. I should probably invite Graven too, the more the merrier, you know?
>Though, he can still throw on a nightgown, or whatever he wears to bed.
:kevros3: I-I don’t own a nightgown…um… I usually just sleep in my u-underwear, okay? T-that’s fine, right?
:lizbeth: I’ve already seen your cute butt bare so it’s not like I’m going to get a peek on something I haven’t already seen before.
>Get something for yourself as well, since you're wearing naught but illusions
I’m still wearing underwear beneath it. Besides, I’m way too tired to back to my room to find something to wear.

:kevros3: Goodnight, liz…
:lizbeth: Gnght, cutie…

…weird dreams in 3...2…1…
>>
No. 465425 ID: b3ca75
File 135097126971.png - (16.03KB , 800x600 , 66.png )
465425

…If anything, these dream is starting to get predictable…

Insert in dreams_
>>
No. 465427 ID: d4ad1a

Alright. What're these new paintings?
>>
No. 465429 ID: 886a4d

Check out Maggie's portrait. See if you can enter it.
>>
No. 465436 ID: f2c20c

>>465425
Hmm. There's Maggy hanging herself, Graven bleeding all over the place, but... the other two paintings I'm not sure about. Looks like a wedding between two lizards, and a dwarf being arrested by paladins?

Could you give us a better description of them?
>>
No. 465493 ID: b3ca75
File 135098566960.png - (16.92KB , 800x600 , 67.png )
465493

>There's Maggy hanging herself, Graven bleeding all over the place, but... the other two paintings I'm not sure about. Looks like a wedding between two lizards, and a dwarf being arrested by paladins?
It looks like a wedding between a very old looking Kevros and… me? I don’t really know… the face on the “me” in the painting is kind of twisted and wrong somehow. The dwarf in the other picture is quite clearly Helga and It looks like she’s about to get executed…
>Check out Maggie's portrait. See if you can enter it.
How should I be able to enter it? It is a solid painting, after all… What, you think you’re playing super Mario 64 or something? Besides, she look quite dead in the painting so I don’t really know what good it would do for me go inside it.

Hmm, that’s odd… it seems like the wedding painting is newly made, the paint haven’t even dried is some places, but the others seems like they are several years old… and did Kevros get even older since the last time I looked at that painting?

Insert Mario paint_
>>
No. 465501 ID: f2c20c

>>465493
Huh. Weird...
Oracle: Have we changed Kevros's fate?

I think the most um, pressing issue is the fact that Graven's blood is leaking out of the painting. Go investigate that. Maybe try touching the blood.
>>
No. 465502 ID: 0006f5

inspect the frame; any identifying features on the back, for instance ?
>>
No. 465523 ID: 886a4d

... just humor me and use the same trick you did on the paladins as before. immobilize them and disable their weapons. Then try and yank Helga out of the portrait.
>>
No. 465543 ID: 1d5de7

smear that painting!
>>
No. 465556 ID: 0c2247

>>465493
Cut Maggy's painting across the rope holding her up and see if anything happens.
If it does, then poke holes through the guards before examining Graven's painting.

But be quick! This could be time-sensitive!
>>
No. 465558 ID: b3ca75
File 135101858710.png - (16.90KB , 800x600 , 68.png )
465558

>Oracle: Have we changed Kevros's fate?
...
...I’m guessing he’s not home right now?
>inspect the frame; any identifying features on the back, for instance?
There is an artist signature on the back saying “Lizbeth. S. Suss”. There is also a date and time, which if I remember correctly would be about the same time I went out on a date with Kevros.
>smear that painting!
It’s the only logical thing to do! Hah, take that, you stupid painting! …um…That’s odd, the paint still feel wet but doesn’t as much as smudge when I touch it…
>Cut Maggy's painting across the rope holding her up and see if anything happens.
Well, that painting is now ruined… nothing special really happened thought.

>Graven's blood is leaking out of the painting. Go investigate that. Maybe try touching the blood.
Well, that’s kind of freaky. Even freakier is that the paint coming from the painting is completely dry but still moves around as if it was liquid…
>... just humor me and use the same trick you did on the paladins as before. immobilize them and disable their weapons. Then try and yank Helga out of the portrait.
Nothing really happens when I put an Illusion on the painting and I am still incapable to interact with image itself. It seems to be an ordinary painting, not some portal to a future event.

…and I think I just heard something fall over out in the hallway… which is odd, as I usually is confined to one room when I’m dreaming…

Insert bumps in the night…
>>
No. 465562 ID: 0c2247

>>465558
Ok, go into the hallway.
>>
No. 465563 ID: b6edd6

We should seriously consider setting a trap or at least an alarm at the door next time we sleep in one of these rooms.
>>
No. 465569 ID: 1d5de7

fail to go into the hallway.
>>
No. 465572 ID: b3ca75
File 135102314451.png - (20.57KB , 800x600 , 69.png )
465572

>We should seriously consider setting a trap or at least an alarm at the door next time we sleep in one of these rooms.
Next time I’ll probably booby trap the whole building…
>Ok, go into the hallway.
You don’t have to tell me twice.

>fail to go into the hallway.
I fail spectacular in going out to the hallway, as it seems thanks to wonky dream physics the location that was previously a hallway is now a room… a room that’s falling apart, apparently…

And look at that, more paintings. What a shock.

Insert shocking sarcasm_
>>
No. 465573 ID: c31f72

Is that jar full of rainbows? Go look at it!
>>
No. 465574 ID: 44f93b

A blank painting, and a jar full of color. Gee, I wonder what you're supposed to do.

Examine the other paintings first, and tell us what's in them all. Hans in a sea of blood is pretty obvious, ya, as is the picture of you alone with the graves of your friends. Not sure what's going on the the decapitation one, or the dorf picture inside a picture?
>>
No. 465606 ID: b6edd6

First look at the stuff on the table examine and other paintings more closely, including possible dates on the back.

My suggested course of action is to ignore the blank canvas for now and instead use the paint to edit the other seven paintings. (I can't think of an easily depictable solution for the like the immortality aging difference right now, so we should start with a simpler one likes editing Maggie's picture so she is no longer hanging.)

>>465574
Those seem to be Sonya and Olof (those guys from the fighters' guild).
>>
No. 465621 ID: 1d5de7

paint Iracundus getting raped by several giant cockroaches with giant spiky dicks.
>>
No. 465628 ID: f2c20c

>>465572
I wonder if there's any way to tell what painting this is for...
We've seen one for each of the lizards, Helga, Olof, Sanya, and Hans.

I wonder if that blank painting is ours. As in, us, the One of Many. If the apocalypse comes to pass, we will be reduced to nothingness, so a blank painting is a good representation of our fate.

Really though I have no idea how we would alter most of these paintings. Maybe we aren't supposed to alter paintings as a whole, but introduce new elements to them so that they change on their own? Like, for instance, introducing Sonya to Hans or Olof to Helga? Or we could mix races...
>>
No. 465644 ID: b6edd6

>>465628
I don't know about all of them, but with Hans's painting I want to give him a boat. If it worked for Bergelmir*, it should work for Hans.

* When the god Ymir was killed in the Prose Edda, he that bled so much that an entire race of giants drowned in it except for Bergelmir and his wife, who escaped in a boat. Norse mythology is really weird.
>>
No. 465728 ID: 6a1ec2

Why on earth would Helga get executed? Hans is the one who would get executed! Fabulously!

Don't these paintings represent your fears for which outcome you reach this iteration? I can't imagine why the future would contain an old Kevros (because the world ends in just a little bit), but as for your expression maybe you're afraid of being taken over by some evil witch who then uses your body to marry Kevros and drain his life essence! ...does that ring a bell?
>>
No. 465761 ID: b3ca75
File 135106383120.png - (20.56KB , 800x600 , 70.png )
465761

>Is that jar full of rainbows? Go look at it!
According to the label, it’s a jar containing ”Colors (all of them)” and ”amount: just enough to change one future”...

That’s oddly specific…
>First look at the stuff on the table:
Beside the color jar there is a few paint brushes. They seem to have been used quite recently.

>examine the other paintings more closely, including possible dates on the back.
Let’s see… The first one is Hans fabulously drowning in a sea of blood, ja? The second show Wrath cutting of the head of Sonya. The third shows Olof lying in a… um… coffin? Bed? Another painting? At least he looks really old and peaceful. The forth show me standing on the graves of the others, looking as young as ever… I’m going to outlive all of them, even if they die of old age, aren’t I? That’s… that’s a really weird thought. Moving on, according to the dates on the backside, all this paintings where draw at the same time thousands of years ago.

>If the apocalypse comes to pass, we will be reduced to nothingness, so a blank painting is a good representation of our fate.
On closer inspection it isn’t actually blank. Someone has actually taken the time and painted the black canvas black, which is kind of redundant, isn’t it?
>Why on earth would Helga get executed? Hans is the one who would get executed! Fabulously!
She is a thief, after all. She probably stole something she shouldn’t have stolen.

>you're afraid of being taken over by some evil witch who then uses your body to marry Kevros and drain his life essence! ...does that ring a bell?
Well, I have met several things trying to take control of my but never a witch that drains life essence…
>Don't these paintings represent your fears for which outcome you reach this iteration? I can't imagine why the future would contain an old Kevros (because the world ends in just a little bit).
Maybe I finally succeed in adverting whatever is going to end the world this time, or alternatively, the world isn’t going to end. I haven’t really got any proof that it will, after all.

>My suggested course of action is to ignore the blank canvas for now and instead use the paint to edit the other seven paintings.
That does sound like a sound plan, but according to the paint jar, I would only have enough paint to change one of them… so which one do I chose? or is there another way?
>paint Iracundus getting raped by several giant cockroaches with giant spiky dicks.
While tempting, I’d rather save one of my friend with the little paint I have. Also, why COCKroaches?

Insert never enough paint_
>>
No. 465770 ID: 9718f3

The logical choice to to change your future. Replace the gravestones with your friends being NOT dead. Then stuff would have to happen which would either make them immortal, or kill you off at roughly the same time as they all die. Best idea.
>>
No. 465772 ID: f2c20c

>>465761
...come to think of it, I don't know how we would be represented on a painting. Maybe blackness is appropriate if we continue existing? I really haven't the foggiest.

I would suggest you change the future for someone in a way that changes other futures as well. Hopefully also this would save the world, but that would be rather anticlimactic at this point, wouldn't it?

I'm sure that by changing Graven's fate, Maggy's would be changed as well.
>>
No. 465774 ID: f2c20c

>>465770
Well now, that's an interesting idea too, isn't it.
>>
No. 465778 ID: b33427

The black painted black canvas might actually have been another painting that was painted over with black. Could you scrape away some of the black top layer and see if there's anything underneath?

Also, go back and check the dates on Graven, Maggy, and Helga's paintings, as well as all the paintings for signatures, except for your's and Kev's.
>>
No. 465789 ID: 886a4d

I agree, changing the most future one of all to include your friends is the best idea.

Change the names on the graves to the people who are currently immortal besides yourself and paint your friends with you visiting them. Try to be as accurate with dates as possible. Oracle did provide us with a list a while back. And those you don't you can use ? instead.
>>
No. 465831 ID: b3ca75
File 135110002160.png - (21.22KB , 800x600 , 71.png )
465831

>The black painted black canvas might actually have been another painting that was painted over with black. Could you scrape away some of the black top layer and see if there's anything underneath?
It’s kind of hard but I do succeed somewhat. The paint itself “repaints” itself after just a few seconds, appearing out of nowhere, making it hard to really grasp what behind the paint. I think it was a picture of the planet burning, though.

>The logical choice to change your future. Replace the gravestones with your friends being NOT dead.
Either I have a hidden talent or the dream is making me into an excellent painter.
>Change the names on the graves to the people who are currently immortal besides yourself and paint your friends with you visiting them. Try to be as accurate with dates as possible.
I don’t think I need to paint the dates. The original painting didn’t have them so I’ll guess my clearly superior version doesn’t eith- and look at that, there was just enough paint in the jar to finish the painting. How… “surprising”.
>>
No. 465832 ID: b3ca75
File 135110002956.png - (17.52KB , 800x600 , 72.png )
465832

>Also, go back and check the dates on Graven, Maggy, and Helga's paintings, as well as all the paintings for signatures, except for your's and Kev's.
Well, something has been here… as for the paintings, they all have my name on them and both Graven’s and Helga’s has the same date on them. Maggys painting, on the other hand, has todays date on it.

Insert I <3 Insert jokes_
>>
No. 465835 ID: d4ad1a

What happened to Kev's face? Also, look at Maggie's painting. And has Graven's changed?
>>
No. 465846 ID: b33427

Oh, dangit! You painted Maggy without fixing her scarred face! Hopefully she isn't stuck that way forever now.

Huh. Maggy's in a wedding dress, but there's no groom, likely 'cause Graven died. It's still better than hanging herself, but still sucks mightily.

So the date on Graven's and Helga's paintings are the same? Hope that doesn't mean that Helga kills Graven, and is summarily executed for it. How many days until that date comes to pass? Could you take a closer look at Graven's painting and see if you can tell what killed him?

Alright, so whoever, or whatever, did the finger-painting with the blood hates Kev, wants Graven to die, and loves you, as evidenced by the heart mark. ...I have no idea who that could be, so take a closer look at the bloody foot and hand prints and see if you can tell whether they were made by lizard, human, or something else.

Do you remember if there was a signature on any of the paintings before your own showed up?
>>
No. 465850 ID: 6a1ec2

>>465846

Graven's painting liiiikes you~

...enough to crawl over to your wedding with Kevros, scratch out his face then draw a heart around you in blood.
>>
No. 465863 ID: b3ca75
File 135111249952.png - (17.58KB , 800x600 , 73.png )
465863

>How many days until that date come to pass?
The date is about tree thousand years in the pass. If I’m going to guess then it’s the date the painting was drawn, not the date when it will happened.
>Do you remember if there was a signature on any of the paintings before your own showed up?
They always had my signature… at least as far as I know.

>look at Maggie's painting.
She’s in a wedding dress and looks really happy. The dress is also an exact replica of the one I’m wearing in the next painting over, but I’m going to guess that’s because whoever painted this is a lazy bastard and copied the other painting.
>Could you take a closer look at Graven's painting and see if you can tell what killed him?
Hmmm, it’s kind of hard to see, but… I think it’s a sword. Looks almost like one of those broadswords the paladins and Kevros are using.

>What happened to Kev's face?
Something clawed it off… and it’s quite clearly not made by lizard claws.
>so take a closer look at the bloody foot and hand prints and see if you can tell whether they were made by lizard, human, or something else.
Clearly something else… It’s like they have taken lizard feet and completely mutilated them beyond recognition. I’m surprised that whatever made these print actually should walk.
>Graven's painting liiiikes you~ ...enough to crawl over to your wedding with Kevros, scratch out his face then draw a heart around you in blood.
It looks more like something just used the paint coming from the painting. Besides, how can a painting even crawl? It’s not like they can come alive and move around, right?

Insert need sleep_
>>
No. 465864 ID: c31f72

You're right! Paintings can't come to life. So just ignore the fact that the you from the wedding painting outside the painting now.
>>
No. 465907 ID: f2c20c

>>465863
Oh boy. You've got an inner demon, I think. Use magic on tiny evil you.
>>
No. 465911 ID: 3685e2

turn around. lucky you, I always wanted to know how a black version of me would look.
>>
No. 465998 ID: b3ca75
File 135114257201.png - (17.58KB , 800x600 , 74.png )
465998

>You're right! Paintings can't come to life. So just ignore the fact that the you from the wedding painting outside the painting now.
Exactly! There is no way little me should escape from a pai- wait…
>turn around. lucky you, I always wanted to know how a black version of me would look.
Really? I’ve always thought black was a kind off boring color. I mean, wouldn’t it more interesting seeing a red version of me? Or a pink one?

>Oh boy. You've got an inner demon, I think. Use magic on tiny evil you.
Let’s not get hasty, she might be friendly after all… but just to be sure…
:lizbeth: Not another step, Tiny, or I’ll blast you!
:dude: W-whoa, I’ve heard about people being cranky in the mornings but this really takes the cake!
:lizbeth: I… err… what?
:dude: I’ve made breakfast. So please stop trying to blast the roof asunder and enjoy it with me…
>>
No. 466000 ID: b3ca75
File 135114258240.png - (18.55KB , 800x600 , 75.png )
466000

:lizbeth: hngt?
:kevros2: Are you alright? You look kind of shaken. Here, have some toast. I made them with you in mind.
:lizbeth: …that’s why they are shaped as hearts?
:kevros2: Of course, but enough about the toast. Are you sure you’re feeling alright? I mean, it almost looks like you were hit by a donkey cart…

Insert mmmm, toast….
>>
No. 466014 ID: f2c20c

>>466000
Inspect self while telling him about your dream. Also, I think we need to talk to Graven about what we just saw. There's something wrong with you now, I think. I thought only Virtue was hitching a ride in your head, but apparently not?

Also there's the mission to the surface today! We gotta prepare.
>>
No. 466021 ID: b6edd6

Tell him we were having creepy possibly-prophetic dreams. So basically business as usual except more metaphorical.

>>466014
We need to plan for our trip from the surface, what with the inevitable archmage assassination attempt and all.
Let's see, things we should prepare that I can think of right now:
- Antidotes
- Reliable anti-invisibility measures (possibly filling the room with illusion-fog?)
- Dispelling measures (last time was poison but he is a mage after all)
- Healing potions or similar
Hmm, if we are the only people in these rooms, perhaps we can set some sort of remote-triggered spell here to set off shortly before returning?
>>
No. 466050 ID: 9bd27f

>>466000

Tell him your dream was haunted by a tiny, blandly colored version of yourself.

Then, hug your boyfriend for bringing you toast, eat the toast, and get buttery crumbs in his bed.
>>
No. 466078 ID: b3ca75
File 135116028584.png - (18.50KB , 800x600 , 76.png )
466078

>Inspect self.
Let’s see, pale skin, horrible headache, sore throat, hoarse voice, snout full of bad stuff… clearly I’m not really well, am I?
>Also, I think we need to talk to Graven about what we just saw.
Agreed. If anything maybe he’ll understand some of those metaphors better than I do.
>Also there's the mission to the surface today! We gotta prepare.
Again, I’ll probably want to talk to Graven in what I’m going to need up there.

>We need to plan for our trip from the surface, what with the inevitable archmage assassination attempt and all.
>Antidotes
Maggy probably have a lot of different antidotes, being an assassin using poisons and all.
>Reliable anti-invisibility measures (possibly filling the room with illusion-fog?)
Well, both I and Graven can use our magic abilities to easily make anyone’s invisibility useless. Thought I would probably take a bag of flour or dust or something in case of an emergency…
>Dispelling measures (last time was poison but he is a mage after all)
Graven probably have something for that. Alternative, we are going to go through the mages guild and they are bound to have something with dispelling properties in large amounts.
>Healing potions or similar
I got plenty of potions, so that isn’t really a worry.
>Hmm, if we are the only people in these rooms, perhaps we can set some sort of remote-triggered spell here to set off shortly before returning?
Hmm, I should ask Graven to make some magic runes or something in our room before leaving. We’ll just have to remember to detonate them when we get back.

>Tell him we were having creepy possibly-prophetic dreams. So basically business as usual except more metaphorical.
:lizbeth: And then you woke me up with breakfast on the bed.
:kevros3: …You actually saw us get married in the future?
:lizbeth: …is that really your greatest concern? The others we’re dead in their paintings after all.
:kevros2: you’re right, sorry. I should probably worry more about that then some possibility in the far future… but still…

>Then, hug your boyfriend for bringing you toast, eat the toast.
:lizbeth: And thank you so much for the breakfast.
:kevros3: no problem…
>get buttery crumbs in his bed.
…I am a really bad girlfriend, aren’t I?

Insert doubts_
>>
No. 466080 ID: f2c20c

>>466078
He sure doesn't think so. C'mon. What's a few crumbs between friends and lovers? Just maybe mention you may have gotten some in the bed, that's all you're beholden to.

Anyway. You're sick, and that's weird. Use your advanced Golemancy to examine yourself more carefully. If you can't tell what's wrong, then we need to visit Graven immediately for help.
>>
No. 466126 ID: b33427

>>466080
Yes, do use your Golemancy knowledge to run a basic self-diagnostic, or whatever. Just, before you do it, send Kev to bring Graven here, so he's out of the room in case you accidentally trigger a faulty self-defense measure or something.

Oh, and better not have any physical contact with anyone else until your sickness is sorted out. While it's unlikely you're contagious, what with being a construct and all, there's enough weird shit going it's best to err on the safe side.
>>
No. 466143 ID: b3ca75
File 135119298107.png - (18.50KB , 800x600 , 77.png )
466143

>He sure doesn't think so. C'mon. What's a few crumbs between friends and lovers?
It just not the crumbs. I’ve been kind of selfish the whole relationship. I have after all not only forced him to do a lot of stuff for me without doing anything for him but I’ve also been coming on to Maggy behind his back and without his consent, tried to pair him with someone else without his consent, Snooped into his private life with the help of the oracle, pushed and prodded him about subjects he clearly didn’t want to talk about and now I’m spilling crumbs in his bed! I’m a monster!
>Oh, and better not have any physical contact with anyone else until your sickness is sorted out.
My hatred for this disease is starting to become as intense as the heat of thousand exploding suns.

>Use your advanced Golemancy to examine yourself more carefully.
>before you do it, send Kev to bring Graven here.
:kevros2: Right away! Um… let me just remove some stuff from sight first…
:lizbeth: of course…
---
Well then, let’s see…

Nortys Antivirus is already running…
Virus “Trojan” detected…
Removal is already in process…
Warning, removal of virus might give the side effect of the common cold…
Removal will be completed in 18 hours…

So I’ll have a cold for another 18 hours? That’s not really that bad…
---
:graven: Did someone call for a doctor?
:lizbeth: well, yes, but I don’t really need one anymo- um… why are you walking funny?
:graven: I’m no- I mean… um… I sprained an ankle? Yes, I sprained my ankle, that’s it.
:Kevros2: I found him sitting on an ice bag and a few pillows.
:graven: Lies! Lies and deceit!
:lizbeth: Why would sitting on an ice bag help with and sprained ankle?
:graven: It’s…um…helps the blood flow?

Insert Why do people still fall for that wooden horse?_
>>
No. 466149 ID: f2c20c

>>466143
Uh, Liz, pretty much all of that stuff is stuff that we asked you to do and you just didn't question it. You've been fairly carefree and morally loose from the beginning; I figured this was just part of who you are. I can't tell if this change of heart is you maturing and figuring out who you really want to be, or if this Trojan has been in you since the beginning. I'm also slightly worried that we are attached to you via the Trojan. It's probably not that, though.

Well, tell him what's wrong with you. Ask him where the virus may have come from. Also, check the Antivirus program to see how often it runs. Like, when was the last scan? That should narrow the window of infection.
>>
No. 466167 ID: d4ad1a

Someone got pegged last night!
>>
No. 466172 ID: b33427

Hey, feeling regret for taking advantage of Kevros' nature is a good sign that you're maturing as a person, and that you really do care for him. Maybe from now on you'll check our suggestions before acting, and veto ones that are out of line; Especially after that incident with the nun outfit.

How about writing a letter to Kev saying how sorry you are for taking advantage of him. List out all the things you regret, and write that while most of them were our suggestions, you were the one who chose to act on them. Finish it up by saying that you'll be more respectful of his wishes and do more of what he wants to do, and that if you act disrespectful to, or take advantage, of him, that he should call you out on it immediately.

Give Graven a knowing look and a wry smile, and ask if his time with Maggy was totally worth the "sprained ankle," and if she enjoyed giving it to him.

Then give Graven the rundown on how you're infected with some trojan virus, but don't know when or how it got in. Can you check the time and date stamps on it somehow? Hmmm... Maybe it's that fragment of the Oracle that it put in place, being mis-detected. Oracle, are you still there?
>>
No. 466175 ID: 6a1ec2

For the love of god no. Don't grin, especially not wryly. Don't tease Graven about his assumed assfucking. That will just make you look like a Mary Sue even more than you do already.
>>
No. 466209 ID: b3ca75
File 135120671467.png - (18.29KB , 800x600 , 78.png )
466209

>Maybe from now on you'll check our suggestions before acting, and veto ones that are out of line.
The problem is more that I don’t think about the consequences before acting. Of course, I’ll try to change that from now on.
>How about writing a letter to Kev saying how sorry you are for taking advantage of him.
That’s a great idea… except, should I really write about how I looked him up with the oracle? I believe he wouldn’t be too happy knowing I did that. Thought, keeping it a secret might even be worse. Damned if I do, damned if I don’t…

>Oracle, are you still there?
Error – User offline…
>check the Antivirus program to see how often it runs.
It runs every 24 hours, at midnight every day. It was also installed just a few days ago, so I’m going to guess this is one of the security measures Graven installed.

>Don't tease Graven about his assumed pegging.
Agreed. He quite clearly doesn’t want to talk about it. Besides, it would be a quite mean thing to do.
>give Graven the rundown on how you're infected with some trojan virus, but don't know when or how it got in.
:graven: Well, you should be glad that we improved your minds security, otherwise you’ll probably be someone’s remote controlled zombie right now. If I’m going to suggest a course of action right now, then I would say that you’ll let the antivirus program do whatever it does and just continue your normal routine as usual.
>Ask him where the virus may have come from.
:graven: Anyone you have been in the same room with that had the knowhow and magical talent necessary to create it would have been able to send it to you. After all, that’s how people are controlling their normal constructs.

:graven: Oh, and by the way. Davros wanted to meet you at the mages guild as soon as possible. He said he wanted to help our little… um… “expedition”. So, if you want to do any last minute preparation, do so now.

Hmm, I’m going have to get those antidotes, something to dispel with and booby-trap the rooms before I go. We should be able to get everything essential like food, water and rope at the mages guild so I don’t have to worry about that. Oh, And I should bring some paper and a pen so I can write that letter. Hmmm, is there anything specific I have forgotten, or are we ready to go?

Insert To the surface!_
>>
No. 466211 ID: 6a1ec2

Hmm... Oracle is offline? It could just be recharging, but it seems awfully convenient...
>>
No. 466221 ID: b33427

Since you're not contagious, give Kevvy a big hug before you go, whisper in his ear that he's a great boyfriend, and give him a kiss.

Perhaps you should write a letter to every one of your friends with how you're trying to be a better person, and listing wrongs you've done to them that you regret. Get a journal as well, not only to keep your thoughts in, but to write down what happens so there's a physical record, in case of something messing with your memories.

Ask Graven about additional security measures that could be put in place on yourself, either by him or you. Also ask if the anti-virus program can identify what the virus would have done, and when it arrived, once the removal is done.

In addition to the booby-traps, is it possible to put a long-range viewing spell on the room? Something that'd also alert you if someone enters the room.
>>
No. 466232 ID: f2c20c

>>466209
I bet Clown gave you that virus. That would be her style.

Welp, can't stay in bed all day. You should at least get something to blow your nose with. If you create an illusion for that, what happens to the yuck when it's dispelled? Does it just stay behind and fall to the floor? ...that'd probably happen with the "phantom bed" plan, too. You'll need to put down an absorbent material under the bed then dispel the bed, roll up the material and put it in the trash before dispelling the material as well.
...can you use your Golemancy to tell if you're at risk for pregnancy from what happened two nights ago?

When we boobytrap the rooms, is there any way to make sure it doesn't blow up our friends?
>>
No. 466372 ID: b3ca75
File 135124178144.png - (18.34KB , 800x600 , 79.png )
466372

>Perhaps you should write a letter to every one of your friends with how you're trying to be a better person, and listing wrongs you've done to them that you regret. Get a journal as well, not only to keep your thoughts in, but to write down what happens so there's a physical record, in case of something messing with your memories.
I should probably try to do this, yes. But my last question still stands, should I really reveal everything I done? I mean, I think I’ve done some things to piss of most of them quite royally. Of course, they wouldn’t be too happy if they found out if I kept it a secret either. So, make them angry now or possible make them even angrier later?

>Ask Graven about additional security measures that could be put in place on yourself, either by him or you.
:Graven: Not with my lack of skill, no.
>Also ask if the anti-virus program can identify what the virus would have done, and when it arrived, once the removal is done.
:graven: If it hasn’t already identified the abilities of the virus, then it won’t probably be able to identify them at all.

>In addition to the booby-traps, is it possible to put a long-range viewing spell on the room? Something that'd also alert you if someone enters the room.
I think you can make runes that send you a small message if they are ever activated. Viewing on the other hand is a bit trickier, thought…
>When we boobytrap the rooms, is there any way to make sure it doesn't blow up our friends?
It should be possible to make them ignore our signatures… besides, we’ll probably only do some paralyzing traps or something. We don’t want to blow up our possessions, now do we?
>You'll need to put down an absorbent material under the bed then dispel the bed, roll up the material and put it in the trash before dispelling the material as well.
I’ll have to remember this if we ever commence with operation phantom bed.

>Since you're not contagious, give Kevvy a big hug before you go, whisper in his ear that he's a great boyfriend, and give him a kiss.
:kevros3: w-what was t-that for?
:lizbeth: you just are, okay?
>...can you use your Golemancy to tell if you're at risk for pregnancy from what happened two nights ago?
Current status: Fertile.
Next egg release: 24 days
Current activity: 75% of last payload still active
Chances of impregnation: Minimal / none.
>Welp, can't stay in bed all day.
Let’s a go to the surface, then!
>>
No. 466373 ID: b3ca75
File 135124179274.png - (13.36KB , 550x400 , 80.png )
466373

:davros: Salutations! Um… you aren’t looking so swell there, vessel, are you sure-
:lizbeth: I’m fine. It’s only cold, okay?
:davros: If you say so… anyhow, the other four is already ready to go and are only waiting on you and Kevros.
:kevros: Wait, what about Graven? Aren’t you coming to?
:graven: Actually, Maggy and I are going to stay behind this time. Davros is ready to make those operations and, well, there is no time like the present, right?
:maggy: Besides, graven is probably dying to be able to see me while I punish him ne-
:graven: shut up!
:davros: …so, are you ready to start the montage before going to the surface, or do you have any last questions?

Insert we’re going to have a montage!_
>>
No. 466391 ID: f2c20c

>>466373
Where's the rest of his body?
>>
No. 466396 ID: b33427

Say you'd prefer to be called "Lizbeth," not "vessel." Being called "vessel" is rather weird.

Ask Davros who the other four going on this expedition are. Also ask if he could line up a trustworthy master Golemancer for when you come back; You're going to need better security measures installed in your head soon.

>>466372
When it comes to wronging, the worse it was at the start, the more the anger will be multiplied if it's found out. Best to handle it now, in a relatively controlled setting, and have more time to make amends, then to have it blow up at the worst possible time, and when it's beyond any hope of salvaging.
>>
No. 466403 ID: f2c20c

Oh right, we should probably mention how Serge was looking for the vessel but didn't realize it was you. What's up with that? How did he know about the vessel without knowing it was you?
>>
No. 466464 ID: b3ca75
File 135127489580.png - (13.32KB , 550x400 , 81.png )
466464

>Say you'd prefer to be called "Lizbeth," not "vessel." Being called "vessel" is rather weird.
:davros: If that is your wish, Lizbeth.
>When it comes to wronging, the worse it was at the start, the more the anger will be multiplied if it's found out. Best to handle it now, in a relatively controlled setting.
Your right, I should make those letters as soon as I can. Then I can give them away as soon as we get back here again…

>Where's the rest of his body?
:davros: Those paladins weren’t kidding around when they said they would cut of my head if they didn’t get you. Luckily I don’t actually need the rest of my body to survive…
>Oh right, we should probably mention how Serge was looking for the vessel but didn't realize it was you. What's up with that?
:davros: Well, he was far from the sharpest spoon in the fork drawer. Whoever was controlling him probably just gave him the order to find the vessel with the means to track it and he jumped to the conclusion that the vessel was a literal vessel, like a jar or urn or something.
>Also ask if he could line up a trustworthy master Golemancer for when you come back.
:davros: Master, yes. Trustworthy on the other hand? That’s going to be a bit tricky. I’ll see what I can do thought…

>Ask Davros who the other four going on this expedition are.
:davros: Why, your other four friends. They were quite eager to come with you to the surface.
:graven: Because you are paying them handsomely to do so?
:davros: Naturally. …Except the human in the dress. I only had to promise him that there was something to kill up there.

Well, then, time for that montage and trip to the surface then…
>>
No. 466465 ID: b3ca75
File 135127490662.png - (19.91KB , 550x400 , 82.png )
466465

One epic montage later…

:Kevros: Worst. Montage. EVER!
:Hans: There weren’t even any fabulous murders or blood anywhere in it, ja?
:Helga: And the music. What does the author think this is? The seventies?
:sonya: Maybe he used it ironic- Oh gods, it so bright out here!
:olof: My eyes! They burn!
:Helga: you have eyes?
:Hans: W-what happen to the fabulous roof? Where’s the roof, ja!?
:lizbeth: Oh gods, we’re going to fall into the infinite! Hold me, Kevy, I don’t want to fall!
:kevros: I don’t want to die a virgin!
:lizbeth: um…
:kevros: sorry… Force of habit…
:sonya: AAAAAH!
:olof:
:Helga: Well, This expedition is screwed….


Emergency Beacons detected…
5475 beacons detected. Sorting after distance…
1. Small Beacon: 1kilometer South.
2. Medium Beacon: 4kilometers South East.
3. Medium Beacon: 183kilometers North West.
4. Small Beacon: 897kilometers South.

5475. Huge Beacon: 10657Kilometers North West South East.

Oh, hey, bacons...

Insert mmm bacon_
>>
No. 466466 ID: 886a4d

Lets head to the nearest beacon first.
>>
No. 466468 ID: c31f72

Lizbeth! You're not gonna fall into the sky! Thats just a myth, made up by people who have been underground too long!
>>
No. 466473 ID: 0c2247

>>466465
Oh, hey, a skull. Go check that out!

This place sure doesn't look like an unsurvivable wasteland. What's wrong with it again?

Investigate the nearest beacon. Then the largest beacon. Then the furthest beacon.
>>
No. 466499 ID: 6a1ec2

Cover your eyes with your hands! Do it now! And then let in a little bit of light, just enough to sting. Eyes function by continuously regenerating light sensitive chemicals which are then broken down by the light. In absence of light the chemicals regenerate to 100%, giving you the ability to see even in small amounts of light. The brighter the light is, the lower a proportion of chemicals are active at any given time.

When a ton of those chemicals activate quickly it's literally your eyes catching fire, and at the very least extreme pain (and possibly damage). So you want to decrease the level of active chemicals by slowly exposing your eyes to more and more light, without blowing them all out at once.

Also don't be silly of course there's a roof. Doesn't it look like sort of a blue dome? It's just really high!
>>
No. 466514 ID: b3ca75
File 135129033749.png - (19.37KB , 550x400 , 83.png )
466514

>Cover your eyes with your hands! Do it now! And then let in a little bit of light, just enough to sting.
Well, it does help but it isn’t really that bright… well, it is brighter than anything I’ve seen so far but not “burn out my eyes screaming bright”. Of course, this is probably because the… um… big bright thing is behind some of those fluffy white things in the sky.
>Also don't be silly of course there's a roof. Doesn't it look like sort of a blue dome? It's just really high!
Well, kind off… Thought that doesn’t really help If we should lose our grip of the ground, thought…
>Lizbeth! You're not gonna fall into the sky! Thats just a myth, made up by people who have been underground too long!
A-are you sure? It sure feels like something is pulling me upwards… But if you say so…

>This place sure doesn't look like an unsurvivable wasteland. What's wrong with it again?
Well, if you stay here to long without any kind of magical protection then your life essence will slowly be sucked out in a vain attempt to satisfy the huge magical absence up here. Plus the only protections we have found only last a few days before it have to be renewed and are quite expensive to boot.
>Oh, hey, a skull. Go check that out!
hmm, looks a lizard skull. Whoever this is it died a long time ago as everything seems to have rotten away, including whatever it was wearing at the time. I do find an old rusty dagger thought. Hmm, I got a feeling I’ve seen this dagger before… and oh, someone have inscribe something in the hilt. It says… “Property of… Jacob”? That can’t be right…

>Investigate the nearest beacon. Then the largest beacon. Then the furthest beacon.
A brilliant idea, except the larges and furthest beacon is kind off a bit far off. If I’m going to believe it got the correct distance, then I would probably be on the other side of the planet. …so a bit far away, don’t you think? No matter, let’s head to the nearest beacon first then.

:lizbeth: Follow me! I know the location of some interesting things.
:Helga: …um… how exactly?
:lizbeth: trust me.
:Helga: …right.
:kevros: S-should we really just walk there in the open like this?
:Helga: No living being can survive very long up here. If anything I’ll say that make us pretty safe.
:kevros: well, whatever killed that poor Lizard didn’t seem to care about that…
:Helga: He died years ago. Besides, he probably forgot that he’s protection spell was running out and wasn’t able to get back to the elevator in time.
:lizbeth: so…um… should we just walk there or what?

Insert boner bones_
>>
No. 466521 ID: 6a1ec2

Uh, you might actually fall into the sky Lizbeth. I don't know how much of your construct is magic and how much is just stuff, but just to be safe keep a good hold on the ground while that magic sucking miasma is floating around up there.
>>
No. 466522 ID: f2c20c

>>466514
>just walk there?
Ummmmm... oh! Summon up some awesome solid illusion vehicle. Wait, can you even do that? Iirc, the only moving illusions you can make can't be bigger than yourself. I guess you could summon some bicycles.

Liz, are you saying you feel... lighter up here?
>>
No. 466525 ID: 0c2247

>>466514
"This guy was stabbed to death, so no worries!"
Then start walking to the nearest beacon.

So you can't make a rocket car? Shame; that would have been incredibly useful for getting to the furthest beacon.
Well, I suppose drilling through the planet is an option.
>>
No. 466526 ID: c31f72

Moving illusion a bunch of wheels, attach them to a solid illusion of a cart. Or a carriage.
>>
No. 466533 ID: b6edd6

I bet those precursor archives have some great vehicles stored in them.

So does the magical death only effect animals, humanoids and constructs? Those plants look like they are alive, though I suppose they might be some sort of bizarre non-magical life form.
>>
No. 466535 ID: b3ca75
File 135129863667.png - (21.00KB , 550x400 , 84.png )
466535

>So does the magical death only effect animals, humanoids and constructs?
It only affect thing with a “soul”, whatever that means. Plants apparently don’t have any magic in them as opposed to animal and sentient creatures.
>Liz, are you saying you feel... lighter up here?
I can actually feel something pulling me upwards. I’m kinda afraid that if I jump I won’t be coming back down again.
>"This guy was stabbed to death, so no worries!"
Well, maybe, but that was a very long time ago. You don’t turn into a skeleton after just a few hours, you know.

>the only moving illusions you can make can't be bigger than yourself.
Actually, all my illusion can be as big as a small room. I can’t make any moving Illusion that can interact with anything solid thought…
>So you can't make a rocket car?
As I have no idea how a rocket work, so no. Besides, if I was going to make a car with rockets I would probably just blow us all up.
>Summon up some awesome solid illusion vehicle.
>I bet those precursor archives have some great vehicles stored in them.
I should be able to make a simple cart of some kind, thought I will have to find some way to move it. I think I can make a simple magic engine with the help of the precursor archives but I’ll have to find some kind of source or battery to power it. Bah, where is Graven when you need him? He would make a perfect batte- Dammit, Lizbeth, you were supposed to stop thinking about your friends like that.

:sonya: Why not just use yourself?
:Lizbeth: I don’t think I can keep the illusions up while I’m being drained, okay?

Insert by the power of Greyskull!_
>>
No. 466537 ID: c31f72

Would illusion horses work?
>>
No. 466540 ID: f2c20c

>>466537
Those count as moving illusions.

There's also Haste but we can't keep that going on this many people for long. How about instead we make a spyglass or something to check out the location of the beacon before we get there? We'd need to get above the treeline first though.

Hey Liz, wanna experiment? You could tie yourself to a tree then try jumping.
>>
No. 466543 ID: c31f72

>>466540
Oh, I missed the bit where moving illusions can't touch solid things.
What about using a cart that you can peddle?
>>
No. 466558 ID: 6a1ec2

Whatever you're going to do, do it soon because you're on a short time limit. No no, not the magic draining. Hans has gone at least one montage without killing anything!
>>
No. 466618 ID: 1e72ae

>1 kilometer
Isn't that just like half a mile? Can't you just walk to that one and the next? (2.5 miles in a similar direction)
>>
No. 466625 ID: b33427

In addition to testing if you'll float away, by tying yourself to a tree by a length of rope and jumping, also test if your magic levels regenerate by doing something that uses up a small but noticeable amount of magic. Best to do this before using a lot of it to create large solid illusions, hasten people, or use telekinesis on heavy stuff.

Does the magic engine require a magical source of energy? 'Cause if it, or another design, can run off of, or be charged by, heat, then those trees and bushes could be chopped down and burned to fuel it. Could the energy of flash-burning a pile of trees at once be captured to charge it?

The fall-back plan would be for Liz to hasten herself, Kev, and possibly one or two others, depending on magic reserves. They go ahead to the beacon while non-hastened keep walking. Then Liz comes back for the rest of the group, hastens them, and they all head to the beacon.
>>
No. 466629 ID: b3ca75
File 135132779265.png - (20.98KB , 550x400 , 85.png )
466629

>Isn't that just like half a mile? Can't you just walk to that one and the next?
That was our original plan, wasn’t it… wait… what kind of weird alien measurement system are you using? Please don’t tell me you also use other weird things to measure with like the length of your backyard or the size of your feet…
1 Kilometer is 2/3 of 1 non metric mile.
>Does the magic engine require a magical source of energy?
That’s kind of the whole point of it of it, isn’t it. Strangely, I can’t find any plans on any engine not running on magic in the archives. The precursors probably thought it was to primitive or something to include it.

>Hey Liz, wanna experiment? You could tie yourself to a tree then try jumping.
…well, that was one way to get above the tree line… apparently whatever is pulling me upwards isn’t strong enough to actually keep me in the air, instead just making it feel like I’m somewhere with very low gravity. I guess that extra chubbiness is useful for something…
>also test if your magic levels regenerate by doing something that uses up a small but noticeable amount of magic.
It’s regenerating as normal... thought it did feel like I got lighter for a second there but that’s probably just me imagining things…
>How about instead we make a spyglass or something to check out the location of the beacon before we get there? We'd need to get above the treeline first though.
I think I can see the location of the nearest beacon. Its looks like there is a small meadow where it should be but I can’t really see much els- wait, I think I saw something move over there…
>>
No. 466630 ID: b3ca75
File 135132780314.png - (21.10KB , 550x400 , 86.png )
466630

> What about using a cart that you can peddle?
Well, we do have a lot of muscle power to spare, so that would work. Thought it wi- Holy Batman!
:kevros: Liz!
Okay, casting magic really did either make me lighter somehow or made whatever pulling me stronger. At least I seem to be getting my weight back after a while… Luckily we can take our time as we don’t really have a time li-
>Whatever you're going to do, do it soon because you're on a short time limit. No no, not the magic draining. Hans has gone at least one montage without killing anything!
Oh SH-
:hans: Wait, Darlings, if there isn’t anything living up here how am I supposed to fabulously kill something, ja?

Kevros Cast guard on Lizbeth!
Olof cast stonewall!
Helga becomes invisible!
Lizbeth is panicking!


:hans: …what?

Insert low gravitweee!_
>>
No. 466633 ID: f2c20c

>>466630
...oh! The magic sucking void is literally SUCKING MAGIC. It's also up there, somewhere. I think you're affected by the anti-gravity thing because A) you're where we reside and we're made of magic and B) you're a magical construct. Everyone else here has their life force in danger, but for you, I imagine your magic-infused body is being drained too.

Or maybe the magic sucking void isn't a magic sucking void. You said that last beacon was on the other side of the planet, right? What if it's a magic-REPELLING thing? It shoving all the magic off the surface. ...but only the magic on the surface? Maybe that doesn't fit.

Tell Hans that you saw something moving at the beacon so there is probably something living! Maybe something he'll get to kill! Like, maybe an undead thing or a robot!
>>
No. 466636 ID: 6a1ec2

>>466633

Oh man, thank goodness. The day is saved by killer robots once again. Now get to that nearest beacon. Don't wait for you to get heavy again, just have Kevros pull you along. You can see where you're going that way, sort of like from a semi-3D perspective one might see from an airship. And... no more spells until you've got a roof between you and that... sucking thing.
>>
No. 466637 ID: b33427

Ask Hans how, as a mage, he didn't pick up at some point that the surface is completely devoid of animal life, and even outright kills it. Well, however he missed that factoid, point out that you saw some movement near the beacon, so that might be something he can kill.

You know, whatever this effect is that's pulling you away from the surface could be used in your favor right now. If you harness yourself to the middle of the cart, the upward force will lighten the cart, making it easier for the peddlers. Trick is to make a harness that'll evenly distribute the force to the cart so you don't end up breaking bones or squished. Don't forget to have at least two sturdy, real ropes tied to Kev at all times, in case the illusion vanishes. Also, try to cast haste on at least one of the peddlers, if possible.
>>
No. 466639 ID: f2c20c

>>466637
We can't summon a cart. Trying to do that just made Liz fly off the face of the planet. We're magicless. AGAIN.
>>
No. 466640 ID: f2c20c

...hang on. Liz, you could try just letting yourself get flung out there.

I mean, worst thing that could happen is we rewind, right? Plus we might get some useful information from it. You'd get to see what SPACE is like! SPACE, Liz!
>>
No. 466642 ID: b33427

>>466639
Couldn't she summon the cart so it forms around her? The weight of it would keep her from shooting into space, and as a backup she'd also be tethered to a tree or two by multiple real ropes.

>>466640
Or she hits the magic-sucking void first, all the magic is sucked out of her, including us, and it breaks the rewind. So, no, that's a bad idea.
>>
No. 466675 ID: 0c2247

>>466630
"Hans, we brought you along because we know for a fact we're going to get ambushed when we get back. Also, there are probably all kinds of robots and golems and stuff up here."
>>
No. 466679 ID: b3ca75
File 135135513327.png - (25.15KB , 550x400 , 87.png )
466679

>We can't summon a cart. Trying to do that just made Liz fly off the face of the planet. We're magicless. AGAIN.
Actually, I can still use my magic. So long as I don’t get flung around too much, breaking my concentration, then it shouldn’t be so much of a problem to use my magic as usual.
>...hang on. Liz, you could try just letting yourself get flung out there.
>I mean, worst thing that could happen is we rewind, right?
>she hits the magic-sucking void first, all the magic is sucked out of her, including us, and it breaks the rewind. So, no, that's a bad idea.
This is kind of self-explanatory why it would be a bad idea. Besides, I don’t want to die again. Dying hurts, a lot… and then I mean really a lot.

>Ask Hans how, as a mage, he didn't pick up at some point that the surface is completely devoid of animal life, and even outright kills it.
:hans: Darling, do you really think I was sitting in some unfabulous class learning non killing things when I should have spent my time murder things, ja?
>Hans, we brought you along because we know for a fact we're going to get ambushed when we get back. Also, there are probably all kinds of robots and golems and stuff up here.
:hans: Robot and Golems? But then don’t bleed and scream for their little mommy! How unfabulous, ja?
>Tell Hans that you saw something moving at the beacon so there is probably something living! Maybe something he'll get to kill!
:lizbeth: Maybe something you’ll ge- wait, where did he go?
:olof: whoa, he’s fast…
:Helga: Did he just leave burn marks simply by running?
>>
No. 466680 ID: b3ca75
File 135135514206.png - (15.49KB , 550x400 , 88.png )
466680

>You know, whatever this effect is that's pulling you away from the surface could be used in your favor right now. If you harness yourself to the middle of the cart, the upward force will lighten the cart, making it easier for the peddlers. Trick is to make a harness that'll evenly distribute the force to the cart so you don't end up breaking bones or squished. Don't forget to have at least two sturdy, real ropes tied to Kev at all times, in case the illusion vanishes. Also, try to cast haste on at least one of the peddlers, if possible.
Operation Hell cart wa-
:olof: It was more of a bicycle than a car…
…Operation Hell bike was a huge success! Except that the harness I made chafed like hell an-
:olof: Thus why it was called a hell bike.
…And now I’m sore all over.
:olof: Sounds more like you fooled around Kevros then rode a bike…
Shush you… wait, how do you even know that about us?
:olof: oh, Graven gave me some cue cards to read as he was unable to be here in person.
…he really does deserve that punishment from Maggy, doesn’t he… Anyhow, mov-
:olof: well, He did get a little butt hurt last time.
ANYHOW, moving on to the matter at hand, we have arrived at the first beacon… or where it should be at least. I can’t see any trace of whatever it is transmitting it or what happened to Hans thought.

Insert bum joke_
>>
No. 466696 ID: 8042f4

>>466629
[I know, I was trying to exaggerate how short it is]
>>466680
Throw a big stick into the center of the clearing; if it disappears, it is a hologram; if it zaps, it is probably a teleporter or a security system; if it does nothing, it is probably an underground base. If none of those things happen, investigate the red bits on the ground.
>>
No. 466705 ID: b33427

...Graven made note cards so he could snark by proxy. ...When did he find time to do that? And why? Well, no matter. You can thank him later.

Quick head count, 'cause it looks like you might have lost Helga. Unless she's invisible again, or behind a tree from our vantage point.

There's a spot of what looks like fresh blood on the grass to your left, so it's safe to assume Hans has been here. And since there isn't a puddle of it, along with a mutilated corpse, we can reasonably assume it's Hans' blood. Which means something injured Hans and didn't get obliterated. So best be on guard, stick together, and tread extra carefully now.

Something is obviously in the middle of this clearing, and it has an illusion over it. Start throwing sticks at it to judge where the edge of the illusion is, and check if they burn up like there's an energy shield there. Also call out to Hans in case he's inside whatever that is and still alive and awake.
>>
No. 466724 ID: 6a1ec2

It's a thing! Throw sticks at it!!!
>>
No. 466733 ID: b3ca75
File 135137986131.png - (15.41KB , 550x400 , 89.png )
466733

>...Graven made note cards so he could snark by proxy. ...When did he find time to do that? And why?
He probably did it while the rest of us where packing our things together. As for why, it’s probably because he’s kind of a butt hurt dick at times.
>Well, no matter. You can thank him later.
Wait, do you mean that in a sarcastic “hint hint nudge nudge” kind off way or do you really want me to thank him for snarking at me?

>Quick head count, 'cause it looks like you might have lost Helga. Unless she's invisible again, or behind a tree from our vantage point.
She’s a Rouge wearing Rogue. It’s her job to be invisible…
>There's a spot of what looks like fresh blood on the grass to your left, so it's safe to assume Hans has been here.
It’s not only fresh but also still… um… Is it getting bigger?
>It's a thing! Throw sticks at it!!!
Eat sticks, thing!
…Okay, throwing a stick at the thing in the center of the meadow accomplished absolutely nothing. The one I threw at the blood on the other hand just disappeared before it reaches all the way there.

>>Also call out to Hans in case he's inside whatever that is and still alive and awake.
:lizbeth: Hans? You there?

:lizbeth: …make whoever you’re mutilating scream for mommy if you’re there?
:dude: Oh, gods! He’s beating me to death with my own skull! How is this even physically possible? Mommy! Bluh!?
:lizbeth: …I’ll take that as a yes?

Insert yo momma, I don’t want to die joke_
>>
No. 466738 ID: 37aa84

How did whoever was dieing yell if their skull had already been removed. Anyway go have a look at that thing on the ground while Hans finishes up.
>>
No. 466742 ID: 0c2247

>>466733
Go check on the invisible thing.
>>
No. 466745 ID: f2c20c

>>466733
It sounds like there are invisible assassins here, which are surrounded by a circle of invisibility. Or maybe there are just circles of invisibility here, and the assassins are hiding in them. Throw a lot of sticks around to find out what areas are invisible. Or make some illusion-fog to reveal the cloaked areas.

Either way, direct ranged attacks at the invisible areas that aren't where Hans is right now.
>>
No. 466753 ID: b3ca75
File 135138562564.png - (24.88KB , 550x400 , 90.png )
466753

>How did whoever was dying yell if their skull had already been removed.
Well, he did yell that it was impossible, so…um… yeah….
>make some illusion-fog to reveal the cloaked areas.
Done! There seems to be at least two spheres of invisibility here.
>Either way, direct ranged attacks at the invisible areas that aren't where Hans is right now.
PEW PEW!

Lizbeth Cast Magic Missile x10!
Magic Missile Missed Marked Manly Mans Manwich x9
Magic Missile hits ??? for ??? damage!


:dude: Son o- -ich, that hu-
:serge: Do- -ust stan- -here. FIRE THE DAM- -PON!
:dude: Bu- -sir, it isn’t re- -ey!
:Serge: I SAID FIRE!
:dude: Sir, Y- -ir!

Um…

Insert clearly, he’s a dc character_
>>
No. 466755 ID: f2c20c

>>466753
Oh shit, better get in their business before they fire whatever WEPON that is. Also, someone needs to assist Hans, because his off-camera godmode is about to be removed. So basically, split up into two groups to take on these dudes.

Tell Hans to watch out behind him, too.
>>
No. 466798 ID: 6a1ec2

NO YOU WERE REDUCED TO A BLOODY MUSH YOU CRUEL AND oh that was probably an evil clone Serge planted by Clown, thus explaining why he was acting so non-paladiny.

I think Hans may be slaughtering the good guys...
>>
No. 466842 ID: 886a4d

>>466798
These guys were waiting in ambush under giant illusions. I'm pretty sure they are still evil. Mos likely there are lots of Serge clones running around. The clown is quite the puppetteer.

Since you know that there is an illusion there can you disbelieve that it is real like Serge did? If so place a wall right in front of their WEPON so the backblast hits them.
>>
No. 466843 ID: 14bafe

We did the same thing the last time paladins tried to kill us with explosives, didn't we?

Well, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
>>
No. 466884 ID: b33427

Crap. I have no idea if these are good guys or not. Best play to try and capture more than kill.

Hans, hit the deck! You're about to be "on camera," and things are about to get hectic. Plus, didn't you promise to not kill paladins until the mind-control was worked out? These look like paladins, so dial it back, 'k.

Kev, just hold on real tight to Liz and guard her for now.

Liz, create the biggest solid illusion of a hollow thick, very heavy metal cylinder with one end open between the two invisibility spheres. Fill it with super pressurized water, and angle it so the open end is facing the ground towards the sphere that doesn't have Hans in it. The water will blast out the end, blowing a large chunk of the ground out and into mud, all over the paladins. And while paladins could disbelieve the water directly, they can't disbelieve a wave of mud hitting them in the face.
>>
No. 466888 ID: b3ca75
File 135145330078.png - (25.39KB , 550x400 , 91.png )
466888

>Hans, didn't you promise to not kill paladins until the mind-control was worked out? These look like paladins, so dial it back, 'k.
:hans: You’re no fun, darling, ja?

Paladin 3 is unconscious!
Paladin 4 panics!


>Liz, create the biggest solid illusion of a hol-
:Serge: FIRE!
Oh sh-

Puppet mage casts Armageddon!

:serge: BURN, BICHES!!
>>
No. 466889 ID: b3ca75
File 135145331185.png - (18.06KB , 550x400 , 92.png )
466889

Olof blocks with wooden shield!

:serge: …what.
:lizbeth: aaaa…
:serge: I-It’s made of w-wood!
:lizbeth: aaa…
:serge: That wasn’t even physically possible!
:lizbeth: AAA…
:serge: What is wrong with this game!?
:lizbeth: CHO!

Lizbeth uses sneeze on Serge!
It’s a critical hit!


:serge: …gods, I’m going to enjoy raping you’re dead body after I’ve killed you…
:lizbeth: sorry…
>>
No. 466890 ID: b3ca75
File 135145332311.png - (25.04KB , 550x400 , 93.png )
466890

>Liz, create the biggest solid illusion of a hollow thick, very heavy metal cylinder with one end open between the two invisibility spheres. Fill it with super pressurized water, and angle it so the open end is facing the ground towards the sphere that doesn't have Hans in it. The water will blast out the end, blowing a large chunk of the ground out and into mud, all over the paladins. And while paladins could disbelieve the water directly, they can't disbelieve a wave of mud hitting them in the face.
Boom Baby!

Paladin 1 is disoriented!
Paladin 2 and 4 is unconscious!
Puppet mage is destroyed!
Serge is covered in mud!
Olof Blocks the mud!


:serge: ...hate!

>Kev, just hold on real tight to Liz and guard her for now.
:Kevros: E-easier said than do- whoa… take it easy with the magic, dammit!

Insert wannabe waterpark_
>>
No. 466893 ID: f2c20c

>>466890
That IS Serge again. What the shit? Did Clown seriously clone Kevros' brother multiple times to force us to fight him? Kevros, this is important- hold onto Liz and ignore everything that guy says. If you go berserk here then Liz will just float away.

You other four... mind cleaning up the baddies? See if you can restrain their leader though. I want to find out what's going on here. Helga, you can take out the guy facing away from us. Hans, you can finish the one on the ground if he's not unconscious already. If he is, just assist whoever needs it. Olof and Sonya, you can beat down the leader without killing him, I hope.

Also Olof, you're awesome.
>>
No. 466894 ID: 44f93b

>hate
>torture
>rape
>necrophilia
How the fuck is this guy a paladin, exactly? He should have fallen half a dozen times over. Obviously the part of the game that tracks conducts is broken.
>>
No. 466897 ID: b33427

>High-pressure water cannon
Next time, make it a high-pressure snot cannon, for extra humiliation. Or gelatin, if you don't want it to be as disgusting.

Liz, could you create the solid illusion of weights strapped to your feet, ankles, and legs that weigh enough to keep you grounded? Then Kev could enter the fray.

Is this Serge be a meat puppet? An advanced flesh golem? Could that actually be a thing? Hey, Liz, try your golemancy control against him. And if that fails, use telekinesis to launch a glob of mud into Serge's eyes.

>>466888
Well, Hans, consider it a challenge to see how far you can maim them without killing them. After all, it's still within the rules if they only wish for the sweet release of death.
>>
No. 466905 ID: 6a1ec2

I'm pretty sure magic weights to weight you down from magic sucking magic aren't going to work. So yeah, just chill up there I guess Liz. Buff your allies perhaps? Use Kevros as a wrecking ball?
>>
No. 466908 ID: b3ca75
File 135146074338.png - (24.85KB , 550x400 , 94.png )
466908

>How the fuck is this guy a paladin, exactly? He should have fallen half a dozen times over.
Has he ever even used any paladin abilities? I’m not even sure this guy is a paladin anymore…
> Well, Hans, consider it a challenge to see how far you can maim them without killing them. After all, it's still within the rules if they only wish for the sweet release of death.
:hans: But, darling, that isn’t so much a challenge as what I fabulously do normally. Why do you think I’m a healer, ja?

>I'm pretty sure magic weights to weight you down from magic sucking magic aren't going to work.
By creating a weight I’ll unleash enough magic to pull myself upwards with by the same amount of force it takes to lift the weight I just created making the whole thing redundant.
>Hey, Liz, try your golemancy control against him.
Unable to connect. Target is already occupied.
>use telekinesis to launch a glob of mud into Serge's eyes.
>Helga, you can take out the guy facing away from us.

Serge is blinded!
Paladin 1 is unconscious!


:serge: …all my hate!

>Olof and Sonya, you can beat down the leader without killing him, I hope.

Olof uses shield throw!
Serge is unconscious!


:sonya: ...shouldn’t you have saved something for me? :(

>Also Olof, you're awesome.
:olof: Why, thank ye’ kindly.

Well then, they are all taken care of… what now?
Please say torture, as I’ve been longing to use the same punishment Maggy used on Graven for a while now.

Inse- wait what?_
>>
No. 466911 ID: 44f93b

>Please say torture, as I’ve been longing to use the same punishment Maggy used on Graven for a while now.
...let's try mindhacking him first. It's more reliable than torture, and your denial message from before pretty much confirmed that he's a golem.
>>
No. 466923 ID: 6a1ec2

Also take his amulet away. Sonya, use steal!
>>
No. 466924 ID: b33427

Alright, strip 'em down to their skivvies, and bind their limbs tightly around the tree trunks, such that they're upside-down and facing towards the trunks. Keep 'em low enough that their tender bits are easily reachable. Oh, and make sure their anti-surface-magic-sucking charms are still securely attached.

Now you don't want to actually torture them, 'cause that's a bad way to get reliable information. What you're going to do is make them think you're going to do unspeakable things to them. The mere threat that Hans could compose a symphony of pain with their bodies as the instruments will get you far in that regard.

>>466911
Yes, do start off by trying to mind-hack them before getting to any torture, or threats of torture. That'll be a much more reliable source of information.

You're still going to use Maggy's punishment on Serge, but that's for personal reasons. Don't even have to make a solid illusion; Just curl his tail back, stuff it in, and tie it down.

>Unable to connect. Target is already occupied.
This is interesting. Is that the standard error when you try to connect to a normal person, or just golems that are already controlled? Better check that it is that kind of error by trying to connect to all these paladins, and all the members of your group.
>>
No. 466940 ID: b3ca75
File 135146983227.png - (18.43KB , 550x400 , 95.png )
466940

>take his amulet away.
It’s an exact replica of the last one I took from him.
>Alright, strip 'em down to their skivvies, and bind their limbs tightly around the tree trunks
>Oh, and make sure their anti-surface-magic-sucking charms are still securely attached.
Done and do- whoa, freaky. Everyone’s eyes and mouths are sewed shut for some reason.

>The mere threat that Hans could compose a symphony of pain with their bodies as the instruments will get you far in that regard.
:hans: What kind of barbarian do you take me for, darling? How I’m I suppose to make D minor without a loving mother and her new born child? Hmph, some people, ja?
>use Maggy's punishment on Serge, but that's for personal reasons. Don't even have to make a solid illusion; Just curl his tail back, stuff it in, and tie it down.
I’ll do it when he’s awake again. I want him to feel it…

>Better check that it is that kind of error by trying to connect to all these paladins, and all the members of your group.
Paladins first then…
Unable to connect. Invalid target. You can only connect to constructs or a willing party member.
How about party members…
Do you wish to connect to target “Kevros”?
:kevros: …why did it just feel like someone poked me in the brain?

>...let's try mindhacking him first.
Connecting to target “Puppet 42c”…
Connection successful…

Change orders (password needed)
Access memory
Current status
Sleep mode
Terminate


Insert stop poking me!_
>>
No. 466944 ID: 0c2247

>>466940
Lets Access Memory and check the Current Status.
We want to leave him alive so that when we get his eyes back to Graven they'll still be fresh.
>>
No. 466953 ID: b6edd6

>Done and do- whoa, freaky. Everyone’s eyes and mouths are sewed shut for some reason.
...Weren't they talking (well, screaming) just a few minutes ago?
Still, they might be helpful to us if we can get rid of those and dispel whatever is on them.

I am wondering if we actually met serge, or if it was construct copies of him all along.
>>
No. 466956 ID: b33427

Do "Current status," then "Access memory," since the memory will take longer to go through. Check the earliest memories first, since that might give a glimpse of their creator. Then check the latest memories, working backwards, to see where they were before they came to the surface.

You know, the fact that you can possibly use golemancy to connect to people who are presumably not golems or constructs brings up some rather unsettling implications about its power. Perhaps these ones with the sewn eyes and mouthes were not made, but are instead mind-hacked paladins?

Hey, maybe you can use the connection with the rest of the party to send mental messages, possibly over distance. Have to remember to try that later.

>>466944
Graven stayed behind to have Davros' new procedure done on him, so it's assumed there's a pair of eyes lined up for him already.
>>
No. 466965 ID: f2c20c

>>466940
Er, wait. Did we just mindhack Kevros? Or the Puppet Mage?

Have someone cut the stitches open on their mouths and eyes. Carefully.
>>
No. 466984 ID: b33427

>>466965
Oh, c'mon. Liz would never mind-hack Kev unless it was something really, really serious where she had no other option at all.

I am still curious which one it is she connected to, though. Is it the one that looks like Serge?

Do hold on cutting the stitches. Those may be an integral part of whatever magic is running through them. Just wait until Liz finishes her mind-hacking, then snip them, one person at a time.
>>
No. 467080 ID: b3ca75
File 135153736628.png - (18.49KB , 550x400 , 96.png )
467080

>I am still curious which one it is she connected to, though. Is it the one that looks like Serge?
I’m connected to Serge at the moment. Of course I wouldn’t just start mind-hacking Kevy without reason. That would be something old Liz would do.
>...Weren't they talking (well, screaming) just a few minutes ago?
Well, yes. They didn’t have any problem seeing either, so something is clearly wrong here.
>You know, the fact that you can possibly use golemancy to connect to people who are presumably not golems or constructs brings up some rather unsettling implications about its power.
I don’t think I can directly control someone that isn’t a golem. I’ll probably just be able to send a message or check how they are feeling or something like that. Actually, I have no idea what will happened if I connect to a non-golem. Why can’t Ultimate Cosmic Power come with an instruction manual?

>check the Current Status.
Name: Puppet 42c
Serial: 173 372 342
Status: Active (Unresponsive)
Orders: Collect the vessel.
Age: 0 days, 17 hours, 32 minutes.
Anger: Big as the moon.

>Lets Access Memory
…Downloading Memory…

Hmmm, let’s see here… He woke up, there’s another serge being “built” next to him, he starts to leave, It looks like he’s in some kind of temple, He passes some rooms where they are holding a lot of people both young and old, he passes a room where they seem to be mass producing “paladins” using the people they were holding, he passes a large army of unmoving paladins, he gets teleported up here by some of those puppet mages, he lays in wait for us to come, we kick his ass… That’s everything he can remember.


>Have someone cut the stitches open on their mouths and eyes. Carefully.
:sonya: Should Hans be doing this, him being a healer and all?
:olof: Are you really suggesting we should let him close to them with a knife? We are trying to keep them alive, you know!
:sonya: oh, right… of course, at this rate it would probably be merciful to let them die. None of these guys have either eyes or tongues left. Someone even removed all their teeth!
:Kevros: B-but how where they screaming then?
:Helga: While this is all interesting, shouldn’t we start moving towards the next beacon? It will probably not take that long for someone to notice we busted their little ambush and send more goons after us.

Insert a witty joke he- what do you mean I’ve already done this jo- what, I’ve also done that joke… and this joke? Wow, clearly I’m quite unoriginal, huh_
>>
No. 467081 ID: 886a4d

Terminate the clone. Can Hans heal old wounds like missing eyes, tongues or teeth? Or would it be wise to create a couple golems to take these back home so Davros can heal and talk to them. Even learning how they pick up their false paladins would be a good thing.
>>
No. 467123 ID: 0c2247

>>467080
Try to hack the password.
>>
No. 467177 ID: f2c20c

>>467080
Serge is a golem, but what about the others? Maybe they are real paladins but controlled somehow. As for how they were able to scream and such, I'd say it was illusion magic. Alternatively they had some sort of magic bomb in them that went off when they were defeated, preventing them from communicating or being communicated to. Well, no, that doesn't make sense. If they had something like that it'd be easier to have it just kill them to silence their tongues. The screaming must've been remote illusion magic, possibly via the puppet mage. Or they were given illusionary tongues/eyes/etc, so that if Clown lost connection they wouldn't be able to speak. Let's use that same technique! Give one of them solid-illusions for their missing body parts. First off, I'm going to assume that they're being forced into cooperation because of all those prisoners Clown has. Hostages. When you think about it, it makes sense. The Paladins are seeking to cause the least harm by seeking a single target to spare what are hundreds or thousands of people. Ask one of them that to confirm it.

At any rate, I think this confirms that Oracle is working for Alyssa Clown. She hid information about Serge from us, along with information about Alyssa. Clown is in charge of the Virtue project... I believe that she plans on using it to end all suffering by turning everyone in the world into her puppets. The end of free will is her goal. I don't think the rest of the team even knew about this! If we can turn them against her, we might stand a chance. Of course, if that dream actually did anything, we have already condemned them all to death... Oh well, 4000 years is long enough to live.
>>
No. 467179 ID: 886a4d

>>467177
The memories we viewed showed the paladins were ordinary people who were converted into those things.
>>
No. 467184 ID: b3ca75
File 135155683498.png - (18.28KB , 550x400 , 97.png )
467184

>Can Hans heal old wounds like missing eyes, tongues or teeth?
:hans: If they are newly inflicted then ja. These are to old thought, quite unfabulous, ja?
>Try to hack the password.

Insert password: ********
Invalid password.
Insert password: *********
Invalid password.
Insert password: *********
Password locked for 24 hours.

Well, nuts. It wasn’t password, password1 or swordfish…

>Terminate the clone.
Let’s wait a minute before we do this. I want to punish him a bit first when he wakes up… speak of the devil…
:serge: Mistress? Where are you?
:lizbeth: Serge, dearie, I have a surprise for you, involving your tail and your bum.
:serge: Why can’t I hear you, mistress?
:lizbeth: …who’s mistress?
:serge: MISTRESS!?
:lizbeth: Is it clown?
:serge: AAAAH!

Serge uses self-termination!
Serge has died!


:lizbeth: …well then.

>Give one of them solid-illusions for their missing body parts.
Let’s see what they got to say.
:dude: hhhhhh!
…sounds like he’s trying to make a sound but can’t? Maybe if I try creating some vocal cords…
:dude: AAAAAAAAAA-
:lizbeth: um…
:dude: -AAAAAAAAA-
:lizbeth: Please calm do-
:dude: -AAAAAAA-hhhhhh!
Clearly this isn’t working…

Paladin 1-4 is panicking!

Insert This pear, so delicious_
>>
No. 467185 ID: f2c20c

>>467179
Oh, derp, I missed that bit somehow. Scratch the first half of >>467177 then, except for creating solid-illusion body parts to talk to one of them briefly to ask them where they were taken from.

So, I'm guessing the armor is made to have them look like paladins and we're just fighting an army made out of kidnapped folks? None of them actually have any paladin powers? That's helpful to know. The Puppet Mages are the greatest threat, now... and I think that the Puppet Mages and Serge constructs are the biggest threats. If we take them out, the army loses function, I think.

We have no hope for guessing Serge's password. Just Terminate him and check out the red thing which I assume is the 'beacon'.
>>
No. 467199 ID: f2c20c

>>467184
I think we're wasting time. Or maybe since those are *magic* illusion-eyes they're seeing into the magic-sucking abyss? Turn the eyes off to see if he stops screaming.

Either way don't spend more time on him than we have. Investigate the beacon, then if these poor saps won't snap out of it just euthanize them. We can't leave them to be sent against us a second time.
>>
No. 467212 ID: 6a1ec2

I think Hans got bored and left. Which is odd considering there are still people here to kill.

There's a red thing? All I see is blood...
>>
No. 467556 ID: b33427

Well, Serge's outburst at least indicates that whoever is controlling him is female, or identifies as such. That's something, at least.

Drop the eye illusion and see if that changes anything. Also, apply the same tongue and vocal cord illusion to all of them to check if they're all screaming.

Gather everyone around and ask if they've heard anything at all about mind control magic. Anything at all, even rumors. Check that Precursor database in your head on the subject of mind control and remote mental manipulation.

If that doesn't turn up anything about reversing what was done to them, or if it turns out there isn't anything to save, then you'll have to put them out of their misery. Tell Hans he can kill them in as fabulously a manner as he wishes. Don't forget to collect their anti-magic-sucking amulets afterwards, so you'll have spares. Check where the puppet mage died for his as well.
>>
No. 467722 ID: b3ca75
File 135171482014.png - (18.34KB , 550x400 , 98.png )
467722

>Drop the eye illusion and see if that changes anything. Also, apply the same tongue and vocal cord illusion to all of them to check if they're all screaming.
:dude: AAAAAAH!!!
…The only difference is that they are screaming in choir now.
>Gather everyone around and ask if they've heard anything at all about mind control magic. Anything at all, even rumors. Check that Precursor database in your head on the subject of mind control and remote mental manipulation.
:lizbeth: hmm, according to the archives mind control should only work at short range and even then only for small periods at a time.
:olof: I’ve heard that you’re supposed to go quite mad if you keep getting mind controlled several times in a short time.
:sonya: You’re also supposed to lose you’re marbles if the one mind controlling you dies before he can lose control over you. That’s why you’re supposed to knock the controller unconscious first so he loses his concentration.
:Helga: well, both of those does kind of explain why these guys are bonkers.

>Tell Hans he can kill them in as fabulously a manner as he wishes.
:kevros: W-what? These are innocent people! Y-you can’t just leave t-them in the hand of some l-lunatic!
:lizbeth: I’ll have to agree on that. They don’t really deserve to get Hans thrown at them.
>I think Hans got bored and left.
:lizbeth: ...speaking of which, where is Hans?
:Helga: probably trying to find something to kill. Don’t worry, he’ll probably reappear later.
>if these poor saps won't snap out of it just euthanize them.
:Sonya: I’ll try to make as quick and painless as possible…
:kevros: -atman, please guide these lost soul to a be-

>collect their anti-magic-sucking amulets afterwards, so you'll have spares. Check where the puppet mage died for his as well.
Well, now everyone got a spare. How convenient that there were six of them.
>check out the red thing which I assume is the 'beacon'.
Yepp, it’s the beacon. It’s also quite newly made to, so I assume they brought it with them from the underground as bait for their ambush. Which means this location was a complete dud… well, onwards to the next one then…
>>
No. 467723 ID: b3ca75
File 135171482917.png - (19.25KB , 550x400 , 99.png )
467723

…Well, this looks a lot more promising. Those seem to be actually ruins!
:kevros: um… not to complain, but should you make some better seats on the bike next time? My bum is kind off ruined right now.
:olof: What, did your boyfriend show you how to ride?
:kevros: I-I…um…sorry…

Insert Ruined jokes_
>>
No. 467725 ID: c31f72

Poor Kevros... Massage his bum to make it feel better.
>>
No. 467726 ID: 6a1ec2

We did knock the controller unconscious first! We went through a lot of trouble to not kill these guys and string them up! And they give their thanks by going mad? That's gratitude for you!

Seriously though, they were probably just driven mad by Clown and then mind controlled, so anyone who broke it wouldn't get any inside information. We lucked out with the Serge clone memory banks actually, though it doesn't paint a pretty picture...
>>
No. 467762 ID: f2c20c

>>467726
The Puppet Mage was controlling them, and we didn't knock it unconscious. We destroyed it. Next time we find a group of them like that, we need to knock the Puppet Mage unconscious.

>>467723
Seems legit. We should expect an ambush here too, though. See if there are any invisi-spheres while also making sure nobody's hiding like, right behind those walls.
>>
No. 467763 ID: 6a1ec2

>>467762

That can't be right. Puppet mages are controlled themselves, by nature. You'd have to kill the controller of the puppet mage to destroy whoever's controlled by it.
>>
No. 467773 ID: 886a4d

I bet the puppet mage, the Invictus amulet or Serge was a relay for the Clown. Or a combination of them.
>>
No. 467788 ID: f2c20c

>>467773
>You’re also supposed to lose you’re marbles if the one mind controlling you dies before he can lose control over you. That’s why you’re supposed to knock the controller unconscious first so he loses his concentration.

The only thing we killed here was the Puppet Mage.
>>
No. 467807 ID: b3ca75
File 135175163011.png - (29.21KB , 550x400 , 100.png )
467807

>Poor Kevros... Massage his bum to make it feel better.
I’ll think that can wait until we have some privacy. Remind me tonight when we’re alone.
>We did knock the controller unconscious first! We went through a lot of trouble to not kill these guys and string them up! And they give their thanks by going mad? That's gratitude for you!
Well, according to what Olof said so is there a possibility to go mad if you’re mind controlled for too long. Normal mind control is supposed to only last a few minutes, not hours like for these guys. Of course, that would mean that clown is even more powerful than any other mage that have lived which isn’t really a good sign.

>The Puppet Mage was controlling them, and we didn't knock it unconscious. We destroyed it. Next time we find a group of them like that, we need to knock the Puppet Mage unconscious.
It his highly likely that they function like some kind of relay for clown to mind control people through, but that would mean destroying it would only server the bond and not give the kind of feedback that would be harmful to the mind of anyone controlled at the moment.

>Seems legit. We should expect an ambush here too, though. See if there are any invisi-spheres while also making sure nobody's hiding like, right behind those walls.
Can’t find any invisibility spheres here, at least not any which appear in the mist. I’m letting Helga scout ahead to see if anyone is hiding.

:Helga: It’s clear, both in people and stuff. It seems the mages already have been in these ruins years ago and taken anything of value.
:lizbeth: Whatever is transmitting that beacon should still be here thought. Hmm, if I’m reading this correctly then it should be a buried, right there where those flowers are.
:sonya: Buried? No wonder the mages didn’t fi- wait, what was that?

The world cast rain.
It’s super effective!


:lizbeth: OH GODS! The sky is falling! THE SKY IS FALLING! HOLD MY KEVY!
:Helga: …um… it’s just rain, you guys…
:kevros: I don’t want to die a virgin!
:sonya: AAAAAH!
:olof: (face palm)

Insert falling skies_
>>
No. 467808 ID: f2c20c

>>467807
Would you two quit it. Here, quick atmospherics lesson. Water evaporates in hot areas and rises to the sky as vapor. The sky is cold so it condenses into clouds, but eventually the water droplets get too big and they fall back down as rain.

Alright then. If the feedback from death is what causes the insanity then the Serge clones are somehow the source of the mind control themselves. Perhaps the amulets give them that ability, and Clown merely gives them remote orders? Except that doesn't make sense... then none of the Paladins would be able to operate without a Serge around, and Kev killed one back when you were captured and we didn't hear about the other paladins going out of it... oh wait, they had already pulled back at that point, right?

Okay then. Next time we find a Serge, knock him out before killing him, then we should be able to communicate with the fake paladins.

For now, let's dig up that thingy. Anyone got a shovel? I suppose you could make one without getting launched into the sky too much.
>>
No. 467812 ID: b33427

...Oh, quit with the theatrics, you lot; It's only water droplets. Liz can make solid illusion umbrellas for you all, if you're still concerned.

>>467808
I'd be worried about damaging whatever it is, since it's thousands of years old by now. Even if it was super-tough to start with, the elements will have worn it down over the ages. It's power source might also be unstable by now, and could explode or do some other nasty thing if treated roughly.

If you can tell how deep it's buried, then solid illusion shovels can speed things up at the start, but go carefully near the beacon. Liz, could you use telekinesis to "shave" the dirt off the beacon site, a bit at a time, once the hole is near it? If you make a solid illusion platform to put the dirt on, then anchor yourself to the platform, that should keep you grounded for the magic work.

>>467723
...Liz, you really have to remember to "thank" Graven with a gift. Perhaps one of those inflatable donut cushions that hemorrhoid sufferers sit on, mounted to a plaque commemorating Graven's first time with Maggy.

Oh, and Kev, were you riding the bike with your "posterior" armor on? 'Cause armored plate doesn't make for the most comfy of seating materials.
>>
No. 467901 ID: b3ca75
File 135179813963.png - (31.56KB , 550x400 , 101.png )
467901

>Would you two quit it. Here, quick atmospherics lesson. Water evaporates in hot areas and rises to the sky as vapor. The sky is cold so it condenses into clouds, but eventually the water droplets get too big and they fall back down as rain.
:Olof: You guys should really calm down a little. Freaking out over the smallest thing can’t be good for your hearts.
:lizbeth: Small? Do you know how freaky it is up here? Everything is so alien and weird, I mean, water flying up in the sky and then fall down? That’s just not normal!
>...Liz, you really have to remember to "thank" Graven with a gift. Perhaps one of those inflatable donut cushions that hemorrhoid sufferers sit on, mounted to a plaque commemorating Graven's first time with Maggy.
I have no idea where to get one of those, thought. Hmm, I should be able to make one with illusions… and I’ll gift wrap it to, so actually believes for a second it an actual thank you gift. Wow, I am kind if mean, aren’t I?

>Oh, and Kev, were you riding the bike with your "posterior" armor on? 'Cause armored plate doesn't make for the most comfy of seating materials.
:kevros: (I-I kind of have to. You see, I’m only wearing…um… t-that pair o-of special u-underwear under it…)
>If you can tell how deep it's buried, then solid illusion shovels can speed things up at the start, but go carefully near the beacon. Liz, could you use telekinesis to "shave" the dirt off the beacon site, a bit at a time, once the hole is near it? If you make a solid illusion platform to put the dirt on, then anchor yourself to the platform, that should keep you grounded for the magic work.
:lizbeth: Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho, It's home from work we go!
:olof: Please stop singing…
:sonya: Kevros, You’re the strongest one here, can’t you help with the digging a little?
:kevros: Someone got to keep Lizbeth on the ground. Besides, I’ve had some bad experience with flowers recently…
:sonya: You’re afraid of flowers? These things are harmless! See! …wait, they do smell kind of funny…
:olof: Something have been bugging me. I’m pretty sure these flower are supposed to spread with the help of insects.
:Helga: That can’t be right. All the insect have been died on the surface for th- oh…
:olof: Exactly!
:lizbeth: Can you please stop debating the enigma of flowers and keep digging. The sooner where done here the faster we can leave this nightmarish place…

Insert Hint hint_
>>
No. 467907 ID: b33427

Dang it! I knew it! I knew something was off! Right after you bunch got to the surface I thought to ask if insects, or at least the small ones, were too small to have souls. And then stuff happened and I didn't. Argh!

All these plants shouldn't exist if there are no insects. They can't survive or reproduce without insects at some point along the way. Heck, if you get right down to it, a whole lot of life can't exist without insects. They're that important to the ecosystem. So either there are insects, something took the place of insects, or these aren't plants. Honestly, at this point I have no idea which option is the most likely.

Sonya, drop the flower! Now! It might not be a real flower. Could be some sleep gas delivery vector or something. What did it most smell like?

Helga and Olof, you two should be commended for actually learning a thing or two about the surface before coming up... here... Oh. You two have been up here before, haven't you? That's why you're not panicking all over the place. Well, extra glad you're here, then.

Uh, don't let all this wordage keep you from digging that beacon up, okay.

(Kev, you could whisper to Liz to conjure up some extra masculine skin-tight bicycle shorts right over those when she makes the bikes. You don't even have to take your armor off, and I'm sure Liz would enjoy the view afterwards. Cue "Stupid sexy Kevros" moment. Hehe.)
>>
No. 467909 ID: d4ad1a

These might be mutant flowers that don't require insects to spread their pollen.
>>
No. 467911 ID: b33427

>>467909
Well, yes, that's possible It's also possible they could be psudo-flower fungi. Or some insects mutated to have innate anti-magic-sucking abilities and survived. We just don't know, and it's pissing me off!

Bag that flower for later examination. Once camp is made for the night, it can be dissected to see if anything is obviously odd about it.
>>
No. 467944 ID: f2c20c

>>467901
Definitely stash some of those flowers for later examination.

In fact, we should probably get some samples of other plant life too.
>>
No. 467979 ID: 0c2247

>>467901
Well, I have a theory about what's going on...
but you're seriously not going to like it.

I'll get to it in a minute, but first a few observations:
You're a construct, but you're fully functional.
You, like all golemmancers, can hack into the minds of constructs, but you can also hack into the minds of ostensibly 'real' people like Kevros.
There isn't supposed to be any life that can survive on the surface, but you've been surrounded by living plants which suggest the presence of living insects. The fact that the grass is both lush and ankle-high certainly suggests that something is keeping it trimmed.

These points, alongside a host of others, suggest that every person is a construct, and the effect isn't draining peoples life-force, per-se, so much as it's running down batteries.
This means you might actually be trying to prevent the third apocalypse, not the second.
Relatedly, it would seem likely that the death of magic is the result of something non-construct people made wearing out and breaking down instead of a problem with the world itself. The key difference between magic being natural or artificial is that with an artificial source you might be able to fix it.

Precursor database, Oracle: What is the source of magic?
>>
No. 467981 ID: 886a4d

That's been answered before. We are.
>>
No. 468057 ID: b6edd6

I checked, and the color and shape match those of the murder-flowers.
Say you know those flowers, have everyone retreat a few meters as fast as possible, illusion a sealed box around a few for examination, then incinerate the rest (keeping clear of the smoke).
>>
No. 468066 ID: f2c20c

Oh yeah and if anyone gets sleepy, give them one of those antidotes.
>>
No. 468067 ID: d4ad1a

Hey, something just occurred to me. Which character is associated with the major arcana card "The World?" Because it's possible that that character cast rain, not the atmosphere.
>>
No. 468068 ID: f2c20c

>>468067
The World is Virtue, and no, he isn't actually the world. The tarot card designations are more representative of their personalities and abilities than what they are.
>>
No. 468086 ID: b3ca75
File 135184876117.png - (32.94KB , 550x400 , 102.png )
468086

>There isn't supposed to be any life that can survive on the surface, but you've been surrounded by living plants which suggest the presence of living insects.
Actually, I think the few different kind of fauna we’ve actually seen up here have evolved beyond the point of actually needing other living things to survive. If it is anything nature is known for then it is its ability to adapt to impossible living conditions. Those flower thought is wholly unnatural.
>The fact that the grass is both lush and ankle-high certainly suggests that something is keeping it trimmed.
Its look pretty wild and untrimmed to me, it’s probably just your limited sight playing tricks on you again.

>These points, alongside a host of others, suggest that every person is a construct, and the effect isn't draining peoples life-force, per-se, so much as it's running down batteries.
…that…that actually make kind of sense, doesn’t it? But who created us? And why?
>Kev, you could whisper to Liz to conjure up some extra masculine skin-tight bicycle shorts right over those when she makes the bikes. You don't even have to take your armor off, and I'm sure Liz would enjoy the view afterwards.
:kevros: (T-that would be quite nice, yes…)
:lizbeth: (Score!)
>Precursor database, Oracle: What is the source of magic?
According to database it’s something called the souls of the old or the one of many, so I’m guessing it’s you guys? It doesn’t really say anything else… Oracle is still a douche and doesn’t answer thought.

>Bag that flower for later examination. Once camp is made for the night, it can be dissected to see if anything is obviously odd about it.
Bagging a flower!
>I checked, and the color and shape match those of the murder-flowers.
Murder what now?
:kevros: son of a ke- I knew I’ve seen does before! Get away from the flowers!
:olof: …what? Um… sure?
>incinerate the rest (keeping clear of the smoke).
Burn baby!

>What did it most smell like?
:sonya: they smell like… dizzy…
:olof: how can you smell dizzy?
:sonya: no… I’m… f-feeling kind… of…

Sonya is unconscious!

>Oh yeah and if anyone gets sleepy, give them one of those antidotes.
Oh right, the antidotes! Let’s see… against spider venom… goblin poison… Mushrooms… wait, is this a bottle of lubricant? And here’s a bottle of massage oil!? What have Maggy been doing with theses antidotes exactly? Ah, here we go, this one should help Sonya…

Insert Kinky_
>>
No. 468091 ID: f2c20c

>>468086
I'm starting to think ALL the beacons are traps. Did we even find anything in that hole?
>>
No. 468093 ID: f2c20c

>>468086
...hang on, souls of the old? Are we the souls of those who created the construct-civilization? Or like, most of them? That'd be fucked up. On the other hand in order to create organic constructs like you, you need magic first right? That implies that before the creators died out, they used science to create magic. Like, they used a machine to separate the soul from the body, and magic was born.

I can't help but wonder if the magic void thing is a remnant of that original civilization. Some old piece of tech that's gone haywire, or a time-delayed thing that's supposed to achieve something. Maybe it's going to reverse the process and toss all of us back into real bodies? Hey, liz, try making a really powerful telescope and point it straight up where the pull is coming from.

Then again this all assumes the original idea is true- that all the people existing now are descendants of extremely advanced constructs. ...maybe that's how the Virtue group survived over 4000 years? They're in improved, immortal construct bodies like yours, and found some sort of soul transfer tech? Well, we know that's definitely the case with Davros. I can't believe I didn't think of the possibility before for the others. I wonder if this means you can just hack the others?
>>
No. 468097 ID: 0c2247

>>468086
Interesting...
What does the precursor database have to say on the origin of life, and on their lineage going back that far? Were there pre-precursor civilizations?

While you're at it, see what the precursor database has to say about these beacons.

Yea, go ahead and treat Sonja.
>>
No. 468119 ID: b3ca75
File 135187178689.png - (37.48KB , 550x400 , 103.png )
468119

>Did we even find anything in that hole?
We haven’t reached the beacon yet, thought we have found some metal fragments on the way, which is a good sign.
>...hang on, souls of the old? Are we the souls of those who created the construct-civilization?
In a way, yes. According to the archives you guys are basically the souls of everyone that has and will ever live, including animals and insects. After all, that’s what magic is, the life force of people. Didn’t you notice that the really powerful spells actually needed fresh souls to use?

>Hey, liz, try making a really powerful telescope and point it straight up where the pull is coming from.
That would be kind of pointless at the moment, those fluffy things Helga called “clouds” are blocking the sky completely…
>I wonder if this means you can just hack the others?
It shouldn’t hurt to try, thought they probably have countermeasures against something like that.

>What does the precursor database have to say on the origin of life, and on their lineage going back that far?
Um... something about bacteria? I dunno, don’t really understand all this biology mumbo jumbo.
>Were there pre-precursor civilizations?
Of course! Several of them and they even used magic to in fact. Even the people of the Stone Age seemed to use it in the form of primitive shamanism.

>While you're at it, see what the precursor database has to say about these beacons.
Nothing at all. They most have been activated after this thing was implemented.
>Yea, go ahead and treat Sonja.
:Helga: Giving her more antidote isn’t going to help her. We just have to wait for it to take effect.
:kevros: um… guys...
:Helga: quite, Kevros, The grownups are talking…
:lizbeth: …did you really just say that?
:kevros: But there some killer plants here…
:olof: We’re already burning them. Can’t you see the fi- oh… look at that.
:lizbeth: oooh, tentacles! I know where this is going!
:olof: …how about no?
:lizbeth: You’re no fun…
:kevros: A little help, please?

Insert seen enough hentai_
>>
No. 468120 ID: b6edd6

Mages burn the ones that are not grabbing group members, and non-mages start chopping at the one grabbing Kev.
>>
No. 468126 ID: f2c20c

>>468119
Well, this should be straightforward. Cut them or burn them. Liz, I'd suggest clever usage of illusions but you'd float away and stuff. You may have to stay out of the battle, aside from maybe throwing some magic missiles around.

...wait, why are there plant monsters? Wouldn't a predatory plant starve up here?
>>
No. 468140 ID: 886a4d

>>468126
They're probably more puppets.
>>
No. 468143 ID: b33427

Olof and Helga, get over there and cut Kev's arms loose so he can draw his sword and start hacking at the shrubbery with the both of you.

Liz, once Helga is clear, hold on tight to Sonja to weigh you down, and fire magic missiles at the other three shrubberies until they're either dead, or you're in danger of floating away.

Anybody else notice that the light is fading? Is the storm getting worse?

>>468140
In that case: Liz, attempt to use golemancy to connect to them before doing anything else. If you can connect, trigger their "sleep mode."
>>
No. 468182 ID: b3ca75
File 135190122203.png - (37.79KB , 550x400 , 104.png )
468182

>Anybody else notice that the light is fading? Is the storm getting worse?
Well, yes, the storm is getting worse, at least I think so. Thought the main reason it getting darker is because that big... glowing ball in the sky thingy is disappearing over the edge of the world.
>hold on tight to Sonja to weigh you down.
Or I can just tie myself to her, after all I still got those ropes you know.

>Olof and Helga, get over there and cut Kev's arms loose so he can draw his sword and start hacking at the shrubbery with the both of you.
:olof: Well, I don’t really have a weapon so…
:Helga: I told you being a pacifist would bite you in the ass sooner or later.
:kevros: You didn’t seem so pacifistic when you threw a shield at serge.
:olof: I knocked him out! I’m against killing things unnecessarily, not restraining them.
:Helga: Don’t worry, I can do this al… oh sh- GAS!

Helga backstabs shrubbery 1 for 34 damage!
Shrubbery 1 explodes into toxic gas!
Helga is unconscious!
Olof block toxic gas!


>fire magic missiles at the other three shrubberies until they're either dead, or you're in danger of floating away.
It isn’t really doing a lot of damage to them, though it is keeping them from coming closer… for now.
>In that case: Liz, attempt to use golemancy to connect to them before doing anything else. If you can connect, trigger their "sleep mode."
...
Connecting...
Connected to: Eggran 2423.
Owner: Cupiditas.
Please enter password…
Attempting to decrypt password…
Insert five letters: *****
Attempt failed…

Hmm, a password on five letters… that shouldn’t be too hard to figure out…

Insert swordfish_
>>
No. 468189 ID: 2d3a5f

>>468182

Is it Power?

Or penis? Lusty?
>>
No. 468193 ID: b33427

Alright, you've got three targets, two with three password tries left, and one with two.
Try "wrath," then "pride," then "clown," on each in turn. Then "power" and "magic" on the ones with two tries left. Finally, "penis," "plant," and "death." If none of those work, then it's on to Plan B.

Olof, help Kev up. Liz, put a solid illusion of a super-sharp diamond blade edge all the way around the rim of Olof's shield. Olof, shield toss at the shrubbery on the ruined roadway.

Kev, draw and hurl your sword at the shrubbery to Liz's left. If that doesn't work, start pulling bricks from the nearest ruined wall and throw them.

Liz, use telekinesis to grab the burning materials of that fire, and launch them deep into the shrubbery in front of you. If that doesn't stop it, then solid illusion up a large circular saw blade, use telekinesis to lift it up and spin it as fast as you can, then launch it through the middle of the shrubbery.
>>
No. 468197 ID: 0c2247

>>468182
"greed"
>>
No. 468201 ID: b3ca75
File 135190747087.png - (37.36KB , 550x400 , 105.png )
468201

>penis.
Clearly, this has to be the password!
Invalid password. To short.
…what?
>wrath.
Invalid password. Too big of a dick
>pride.
Invalid password. To idiotic!
>clown.
Invalid password. To bitchy.
>Power.
Password accepted.
ERROR! Intrusion Detected!
Self-destruct activated! Scanning… Fire found! Engaging fire!

Well then… seems like they are all burning themselves? Problem solved, I guess?

> Olof, shield toss at the shrubbery on the ruined roadway. Kev, draw and hurl your sword at the shrubbery to Liz's left.
:kevros: While this would be a great backup plan, wouldn’t it leave us without weapons?
:lizbeth: The no one else here. You should easily just pick them up again.
:kevros: how about the black guy behind me. He seems kind of hostile…
:rid: Hi…
:lizbeth: Hello… Kev, honey, you don’t call people black, it’s disgraceful.
:kevros: sorry…
:rid: um…hello? Evil guy trying to kill you here? Can’t I get a little attention here?
:olof: Meh, seen better murder attempts by goblins…
:rid: How about now?

Cupiditas uses Toxic Gas!
Kevros is unconscious!
Olof Blocks Toxic gas!

>>
No. 468202 ID: b3ca75
File 135190747849.png - (37.12KB , 550x400 , 106.png )
468202

:rid: How do you even block a cloud of gas? No matter… I’ll just kill you instead.

Olof Blocks Leaf tornado!
Olof Blocks Tentacle swipe!
Olof Blocks Seed cannon!
Olof Blocks Global warming!


:rid: Dammit, you defenders is way to OP! When I’m finish here I’m going on the forum to complain about you until you guys get a Nerf!

Olof Blocks annoying whining!

:rid: …that not even…what. Fine… let’s do it this way, then.

Cupiditas Uses Magic infusion!
Olof have launched into the stratosphere!


:rid: Well then…
:lizbeth: Let’s me guess, you’re going to try and kill me?
:rid: Actually, I was going to ask you to join me.
:lizbeth: …oh gods, this can’t get any more clichéd…
:rid: Together as partners we should easily rule this pathetic world with an iron fist!
:lizbeth: Geez… this is stupid…

Insert Luke, I’m your fathers brothers friends sisters former roommates cats hairball!_
>>
No. 468204 ID: 2d3a5f

Liz: Block Pathetic Cliches.
>>
No. 468207 ID: 3338b5

...what, no 'Olof blocks stratosphere!'?

>rule the world with me!
Don't we have to find a way to save the world so there's even a place to rule, first? Seems to me you should be joining us, not the other way around.
>>
No. 468213 ID: b33427

Liz, quickly check what a "parachute" is in the Precursor database, and solid illusion up a deployed one on Olof. It'll hopefully slow his ascent enough that the magic infusion will wear off before he can't breathe, and slow his decent so he won't suffer a fatal case of massive deceleration.

Try a golemancy link with Cupiditas, just in case this is more golem shenanigans. This is going to be standard operating procedure from now on.

Open by asking Cupiditas why he hasn't shot into the air from all the magic he's used so far. If you're lucky, the universe will notice the oversight, and launch him into space. If not, then you'll get an explanation of why he didn't float away when using magic up here like you do.

Follow that by asking what in the freakin' Nine Circles of Hell made him even say that clichéd line. Is he reading from some lousy freakin' script here? We know it won't work. Liz knows it won't work. He knows it won't work. Everybody knows it won't work! Come up with something better! Give us good, solid reasons. Explain your position. Don't use stupid clichéd lines like that one.
>>
No. 468224 ID: f2c20c

>>468202
Weigh Olof down with like, a lead ball or something before he dies in vacuum, please.

As for Ridcully, tell him you'll discuss ruling the world after you've saved it. There's no reason you two can't work together in the meantime. Just, y'know, so long as he stops trying to kill you and your friends?
>>
No. 468247 ID: 0c2247

>>468202
"Ok, look, you're screwing this up. You're supposed to ambush us AFTER we find this thing. We haven't found anything yet. Geeze, are you quick on the trigger this time around or am I just behind schedule?

Anyway... Yea, ok. But you know that with the next apocalypse only about a week away out first objective is to prevent that, right? I have no interest in ruling over a dead planet, and after thousands of years I can wait a week.

Sound good?"
>>
No. 468249 ID: b6edd6

Tie Olof to Ridcully. If he can somehow stay down, he can keep Olof down.
>>
No. 468290 ID: b3ca75
File 135193738219.png - (36.57KB , 550x400 , 107.png )
468290

>...what, no 'Olof blocks stratosphere!'?
There isn’t really anything to block up there. He’s probably going to block the ground when he falls down instead.
>Liz: Block Pathetic Cliches.
Lizbeth fail to block Pathetic Cliches!
Lizbeth is Bored!


>Tie Olof to Ridcully. If he can somehow stay down, he can keep Olof down.
He’s far out of range for me to reach him. Good new, thought, it looks like he’s starting to fall down again. Bad news is that he’s starting to fall down again… Wait, it looks like he’s falling extremely slowly for some reason…

>Ok, look, you're screwing this up. You're supposed to ambush us AFTER we find this thing. We haven't found anything yet. Geeze, are you quick on the trigger this time around or am I just behind schedule?
:rid: Oh, I’m sorry, There have been some unique developments this time around and I was quite eager to share them.
>Open by asking Cupiditas why he hasn't shot into the air from all the magic he's used so far.
:rid: You need to use extreme amounts of magic for that to happen. You, being the vessel and all, is of course a lot more sensitive to it, thought.

>Follow that by asking what in the freakin' Nine Circles of Hell made him even say that clichéd line. Is he reading from some lousy freakin' script here?
:rid: In a way. I am bound to… conquer you in some way and killing you will only reset time again. Thus I will instead win over you by making you join me instead.
>As for Ridcully, tell him you'll discuss ruling the world after you've saved it. There's no reason you two can't work together in the meantime. Just, y'know, so long as he stops trying to kill you and your friends?
:rid: Actually there is a reason. I have rules to which I must abide, one of them stating that I can’t willingly aid you. The end of the world on the other hand is quite easily averted. The time loop is quite different from the rest and one of the biggest differences is that no other Lizbeth has been stupid enough to give me an activated focus crystal. Do you realize how much power one of them contains, just lying there waiting for us to harvest it? With your help we should be able to collect the rest of them, absorb there power and then become GODS! Then we should simply be able to snap our fingers to stop the world from ending…

>Try a golemancy link with Cupiditas, just in case this is more golem shenanigans. This is going to be standard operating procedure from now on.
Connected to: Cupiditas.
Owner: Virtue.
Insert Password: *******_********

Well, that’s going to be a bit harder to figure out…

Insert Speech of the boredom_
>>
No. 468295 ID: f2c20c

...what the shit. His password is his name. Mustrum_Ridcully.
>>
No. 468296 ID: 0c2247

>>468290
"You probably intend to backstab me at some point, but you should know I'm very self-absorbed. As long as my friends are happy and you're not enough of a dick for people to get pissed at me for stopping the apocalypse, I'll just be off doing my own thing and letting you run the show.

... oh, hey. Did you know you're a golem created by Virtue? Huh, I didn't know that.

Anyway, yea, lets get to work! ... as soon as my friends are back on their feet, anyway."
>>
No. 468298 ID: b33427

...Well, he's a construct. That's no surprise at this point. Just didn't think his owner to be Virtue. Didn't think he'd have an owner at all.

Check your Precursor database for anything on the focus crystals, and how they might be used to grant godlike powers to anyone.

Alright, keep Cupiditas talking, and maybe Olof will pull off something amazing. Face him, and take off your tether, to show you're not going to throw any major magic around.

Start by asking him how come it has to be you that collects these focus crystals, and why, in all the time he's been around, he didn't seek them out himself.

Then ask him how you could trust a man who's password is "power," and who said he'd "rule this pathetic world with an iron fist," to ever share such phenomenal cosmic power. Say he's going to have to say or do something impressive to convince you not to tell him to go fuck himself sideways with the horse he rode in on.

>>468295
Okay, that looks like it'd fit. It also looks too easy. Don't try it until you're done talking, or he makes a move. He might have an intrusion detection self-destruct, same as the shrubberies, or something else nastier.
>>
No. 468315 ID: f2c20c

>>468298
Too easy?

Well, it could be something like mu57rum_r1dcu11y...
>>
No. 468330 ID: b6edd6

"You say you have unprecedented power, so prove it by escaping the bonds of your script. If you can't even try it with all your current might, what makes you think that a few more crystals will make you no longer at the mercy of your script writer?"

If it comes to a fight, break the string on his power gem and watch it shoot into the sky like a rocket.
>>
No. 468344 ID: b3ca75
File 135196799411.png - (36.29KB , 550x400 , 108.png )
468344

>Check your Precursor database for anything on the focus crystals, and how they might be used to grant godlike powers to anyone.
Apparently, they are designed to absorb extreme large amount of magic and then be used with virtue as a focus, enable it to have enough power to make time its bitch. They don’t seem to have any limit how much magic they can absorb, so those things would be extremely powerful if they have been active all this time.

>You probably intend to backstab me at some point.
:rid: Why would I do that? The only thing I’ll achieve with killing you is reversing time once again.
>oh, hey. Did you know you're a golem created by Virtue?
:rid: …regrettably, yes. Did you really think the original people who created virtue would still be alive after all this time, hmm?
>friends
:rid: You’re friends are weak and will only slow you down. Take control over their minds and make them the pawns they deserve to be.

>Start by asking him how come it has to be you that collects these focus crystals, and why, in all the time he's been around, he didn't seek them out himself.
:rid: The only way to change the setting on the crystals from absorb to usable is to terminate the one who carries them. Regrettably, we were all programmed to be unable to kill each other in an attempt to keep us from collecting them ourselves.
>You say you have unprecedented power, so prove it by escaping the bonds of your script.
:rid: I… I-I can’t… not y-yet. I need more of the crystals fir- wait… haven’t I already broken out of the script? Yes, by trying to help you kill the others I’ve actually broken the rule about not attacking them! I-I’m free! I’ve… actually broken free…

>mu57rum_r1dcu11y.
Error. Password can’t contain numbers.
What? What kind of sucky password program is this?
>Mustrum_Ridcully.
Invalid password. Two tries remaining.

:rid: D-did you really think I would have my own n-name as a password? How dumb do you think I am? Never mind, Do you accept my proposal or not?
>>
No. 468348 ID: 3338b5

>Do you accept my proposal or not?
>I-I’m free! I’ve… actually broken free…
Before we consider joining with you, let's consider the implications of your freedom! If you have broken the script, what does that mean you can now do that you couldn't before?

>use friends as pawns
Even ignoring the moral issues, we've pretty much confirmed that cornball power of friendship is real for Liz. Having bonds with strong friends and allies literally makes her better off. Enslaving friends and subverting those bonds would be pretty much shooting herself in the foot for short term gain.

And if the time loop should have taught you anything, it's that we should be in this for the long haul.
>>
No. 468356 ID: f2c20c

>>468344
Well, if he's free, doesn't that mean he can actually work with us now? Tell him we doubt we can overwhelm the magic void with more magic. In fact, it kinda sounds like it's a giant focus crystal up there. Also we kindof don't want to take over the world?

If he remains steadfast on taking over the world, how about we try murtsum_yllucdir? Jeez, I hope it's not case-sensitive.
>>
No. 468379 ID: 0c2247

>>468344
>Did you really think the original people who created virtue would still be alive after all this time, hmm?
"Well I am. Mostly, I kinda expected you'd have golemized your body to live forever instead of letting somebody else enslave you."

>You’re friends are weak and will only slow you down. Take control over their minds and make them the pawns they deserve to be.
"Do you have any idea how completely boring it is to be surrounded by nothing but pawns? No challenges, no surprises, nothing interesting. Play a few rounds of chess against yourself and see if it's any fun at all."

>I… I-I can’t… not y-yet. I need more of the crystals fir- wait… haven’t I already broken out of the script? Yes, by trying to help you kill the others I’ve actually broken the rule about not attacking them! I-I’m free! I’ve… actually broken free…
"If you're free, then you can help me directly as an ally instead of a superior. It would be an effective test, and much easier to try than killing Envy for being such a huge bitch.
What else does being free of the script mean?
Oh, and do you want me to tweak any of your settings?"

>D-did you really think I would have my own n-name as a password?
"Good chance of it."
>How dumb do you think I am?
"You, or Virtue? Virtue needed to know your password to set your orders, and I can't see Virtue letting you change either."

>Never mind, Do you accept my proposal or not?
Shrug "Sure, why not? It takes a REALLY incompetent ruler to be worse than the apocalypse, and anybody that big of a screw-up should be easy enough to manipulate into being less dickish."
>>
No. 468394 ID: b3ca75
File 135197699732.png - (36.01KB , 550x400 , 109.png )
468394

>Tell him we doubt we can overwhelm the magic void with more magic. In fact, it kinda sounds like it's a giant focus crystal up there.
:rid: Well, part of what you just said is correct. Why do you think the surface is still uninhabitable? Of course, there isn’t some giant crystal floating in the sky, instead it’s these very crystal which we are carrying that is absorbing all this magic on the surface. It magnificent just how much energy they are able to carry, isn’t it?
>Also we kind of don't want to take over the world?
:rid: Why wouldn’t you want to take over the world? Just think of the power you would wield over the people, how you should decide if hundreds of people would live or die with a simple move of your finger!

>Well I am. Mostly.
:rid: And you’re a construct, not a real sentient living thing. Just like the rest of us.
>I kinda expected you'd have golemized your body to live forever instead of letting somebody else enslave you.
:rid: If the original general Ridcully would have survived the initial apocalypse I’m sure he would have done so, but alas, not everyone can get that lucky.
>Do you have any idea how completely boring it is to be surrounded by nothing but pawns?
:rid: That’s why you order one of them on random to try and kill you without you catching on.
:lizbeth: …That sound both insane and counter proactive…
:rid: But fun!
:lizbeth: …right…

>do you want me to tweak any of your settings?
:rid: Someone with your… “expertise” would likely just kill me, so no.
>You, or Virtue? Virtue needed to know your password to set your orders, and I can't see Virtue letting you change either.
:rid: …Fine, I didn’t set my own password, happy now?
>If you're free, then you can help me directly as an ally instead of a superior. It would be an effective test.
:rid: ...If it would forward my own goals then I don’t really see a down side on it. Very well, I will help you avert the ne- ERROR! Breach of protocol! Restarting Personality... Warning, enemies in perimeter! TERMINATE! Target found –Lizbeth- ...Do not terminate under any circumstances… Changing target… Target found – Kevros- Terminate! Kill! Eradicate!
:lizbeth: …um… that can’t be good…

>murtsum_yllucdir.
Invalid Password. 1 try reamaining.
:rid: Destroy!

Insert Terminate all insert jokes_
>>
No. 468406 ID: b6edd6

Well he still has not killing you as a priority, so the first thing to do is to get between him and Keveros.
Also, make a gas mask because that guy really likes his poison gas clouds.
>>