[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 438515)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 39865 unique user posts. View catalog

File 134395529889.gif - (14.99KB , 701x683 , 421.gif )
438515 No. 438515 ID: 759569

Nan stares upward, standing in the cold, still air of the chapel.

The journal is quickly forgotten as more immediate concerns arise.
Nan realizes she and Henry are not alone.
Expand all images
>>
No. 438517 ID: 378452

Say hello, crossing your fingers that against all odds the newcomer isn't hostile.
>>
No. 438518 ID: 9b39c3

Instinctively hide behind Henry.

"Who's there?"
>>
No. 438520 ID: 8ff502

Hide behind Henry and ask who the figure is
>>
No. 438521 ID: 272fd5

Have Henry keep an eye on the stranger while you look for a light source
>>
No. 438523 ID: 1f8505

Say "Whatup?" to the Mysterious Figure.
>>
No. 438524 ID: 234831

Be polite! Give the silhoutte a friendly wave and inquire who he is.
>>
No. 438525 ID: e3f578

"Yo! Dawg, how you doin'? You creeping up there? T'ain't polite!"
>>
No. 438526 ID: a2a10c

Try and communicate with them, and be polite about it! Remember to keep calm no matter what happens.
>>
No. 438528 ID: f720ea

Stash the journal for future investigation. It could still hold useful information
>>
No. 438529 ID: a23a1a

He's clearly black.
Don't worry I know how to deal with this.
Say "WHATUP DAWG?!"
>>
No. 438530 ID: 96df97

Check Inventory for Flashlight.
>>
No. 438532 ID: ecb97e

Stand your ground and call to the figure
>>
No. 438534 ID: 899a22

Shine flashlight at the figure.
>>
No. 438535 ID: 4f5e88

Throw the book at the newcomer
>>
No. 438537 ID: 2fd111

>>438528
I say we leave it. It clearly being a journal, we'll probably get on it's owner's bad side even more if we take it. Then again, it has Nan's name in it, on second though just take it anyway.
>>
No. 438538 ID: 89e0d4

stop
drop
roll
>>
No. 438540 ID: a7f0d3

ask their name.
>>
No. 438541 ID: f0ec70

Leave the journal (don't want to get on its bad side), grab Henry, and be prepared to bolt.
>>
No. 438542 ID: 3cd589

Try and get a better look at the figure.
>>
No. 438543 ID: 694998

get the fuck outta there
>>
No. 438544 ID: bf857e

Get out of range. Maybe it'll try to throw something.
>>
No. 438545 ID: a7f0d3

wait is that the pilgrim i hope not
>>
No. 438547 ID: db0d95

Grab the journal, then ask the figure who they are.
>>
No. 438549 ID: b1b5cf

Wave hello, at least.
>>
No. 438552 ID: 34cbef

Is that young michael jackson? Tell that fool to get down there and help them escape!
>>
No. 438553 ID: 759569
File 134395679337.gif - (17.89KB , 701x683 , 422.gif )
438553

Nan swipes the book off the podium and quickly checks her inventory. She is carrying
Pen
Magnifying Glass
Check from Fun Family Arcade
Strange Totem
Flashlight
Lead Pipe
Key to Anasazi Lounge
Journal of Father Francis Velasco
>>
No. 438554 ID: e2c296

shine the flashlight on the figure!
>>
No. 438555 ID: 8c098b

use Henry as bait and gtfo
>>
No. 438556 ID: f17fa7

Shine Flashlight at figure
>>
No. 438557 ID: f0ec70

Quick, equip the lead pipe and flashlight!
>>
No. 438558 ID: a2a10c

Call out to them, and if they don't respond shine the flashlight on them, but slowly. We don't want to startle whoever it is.
>>
No. 438559 ID: 89e0d4

Flashlight flashlight flashlight
>>
No. 438560 ID: 2073cc

Ask who is it, give a moment to see if they react friendly or enemy, and then respond appropriately by either running through the double doors or inquiring more about him/her/it.
>>
No. 438562 ID: dd6dd0

say hello!
>>
No. 438563 ID: 8ff502

Refrain from using the flashlight for now, but take it out just in case. Ask who the figure is and have Henry ready as a human shield.
>>
No. 438564 ID: ecb97e

Tell the figure you don't want any trouble you just want out of here. You are a friendly goatlady and friend
>>
No. 438567 ID: 20820e

brandish LEAD PIPE, shine FLASHLIGHT at figure
>>
No. 438569 ID: 2fd111

>>438563
I agree, no flashlight. At least not until any signs of hostility.
>>
No. 438570 ID: 759569
File 134395715903.gif - (6.61KB , 701x683 , 423.gif )
438570

Nan waves nervously to the figure on the balcony. She stays close to Henry and offers a hesitant greeting, explaining she doesn't want a fight.

The dark figure continues to watch from the shadows and does not respond.
>>
No. 438572 ID: 20820e

attempt to leave through double doors
>>
No. 438573 ID: f0ec70

Slowly shine the flashlight on them.
>>
No. 438574 ID: a2a10c

Ask Henry what he thinks of the situation, and suggest that you should calmly leave. You don't want to cause any more trouble than you have to.
>>
No. 438577 ID: 8ff502

Back slowly towards the doors while continuing to question the figure. Once you're sure you can get out right away, shine the flashlight on them.
>>
No. 438578 ID: f17fa7

Use flashlight before it might leave
>>
No. 438579 ID: 694998

dont take any chances!!! GRAB HENRY AND RUN :^o
>>
No. 438580 ID: efe53a

From what we've seen, this figure is non-violent. Attempt to communicate further, but back towards the doors just to be safe.
>>
No. 438581 ID: be5ca4

shine the flashlight on the being
>>
No. 438582 ID: 378452

Have Henry keep an eye on the figure while Nan checks the double doors.

The figure seems reminiscent of the Pilgrim before he turned all skull-faced.
>>
No. 438583 ID: 109425

Ask that mofo if he's mute. Or just tell him that if he doesn't want to talk, that's fine with you.
>>
No. 438584 ID: 272fd5

Reflect the light of the flashlight off something (or point it up) so you can passively see who it is without shining it directly on him/her/it.
>>
No. 438585 ID: 2fd111

>>438570
Say;"If you have something to say, say it. Otherwise we'll be leaving now."

Shine the flashlight at him/her/it ONLY if it does something hostile.
>>
No. 438586 ID: e9c0eb

Shine the flashlight into the being.
>>
No. 438587 ID: 6a1ec2

Open the door. Get on the floor. Everybody do the Dinosaur!
>>
No. 438589 ID: b1b5cf

>>438587
im laughing really hard thank you
>>
No. 438590 ID: 759569
File 134395760199.gif - (8.21KB , 701x683 , 424.gif )
438590

Nan backs to the double-doors, which lead out into the darkness of the HOTEL COURTYARD.

The figure does not move, and once Nan and Henry have both retreated to a safe distance, Nan hesitantly raises her flashlight to shine on the figure.
>>
No. 438591 ID: f0ec70

FFFFFFFFF

It's either a giant goat or The Pilgrim.
>>
No. 438592 ID: 759569
File 134395767417.gif - (6.10KB , 701x683 , 425.gif )
438592

Everything goes blinding white.
>>
No. 438594 ID: f17fa7

Oh man, freak out Nan! (And dont go to the Courtyard, and keep a hold of Henry so he dosn't run)
>>
No. 438595 ID: efe53a

OH GOD NO
>>
No. 438596 ID: e2c296

go through the double doors and close them behind you.
>>
No. 438597 ID: 956b6f

>>438590
I would take the nearest way out. That thing doesn't look intent on talking
>>
No. 438598 ID: efe53a

Realize the gravity of the situation.
>>
No. 438599 ID: 378452

The courtyard seems like a terrible idea. We'll probably go there eventually, but I wouldn't go without a plan.

If at all possible, return to the hole you crawled in from. If you have provoked this sketchy black long-snouted person by shining your flashlight in its face, I guess the courtyard's your only choice.
>>
No. 438601 ID: a2a10c

Keep your eyes closed. Once it's not so bright, then open your eyes again.
>>
No. 438602 ID: f0ec70

Is this a flashback?
>>
No. 438603 ID: b1b5cf

Just run. That thing's probably gonna get you if you don't.
>>
No. 438604 ID: 299e7c

perhaps another flashback is coming?
>>
No. 438606 ID: efe53a

Courtyard = Beast. Go back to the hole from earlier. Have Henry go through first so we can maybe see what's happening more.
>>
No. 438607 ID: 694998

OH NO........FIND HENRY AND RUN!!!!!!!
>>
No. 438609 ID: 8ff502

Stay calm and look around yourself once you can see again. If we're in the same room as before, exit.
>>
No. 438610 ID: 109425

Brace for impact.
>>
No. 438612 ID: 32e092

Shut off flashlight ASAP, book it for the door.
>>
No. 438613 ID: 759569
File 134395808654.gif - (9.88KB , 701x683 , 426.gif )
438613

The glare fades.
Warm sunlight filters in through the window above, and the sound of distant songbirds drifts through the air.
>>
No. 438614 ID: f17fa7

Nerviously try to talk to the shadowy figure
>>
No. 438615 ID: 2fd111

>>438613
Greet the person in the pew.
>>
No. 438616 ID: efe53a

We win. This was all a ruse to just end Nanquest quickly so people would stop bothering him.
>>
No. 438617 ID: 8ff502

Speak to the figure in the pew.
>>
No. 438618 ID: ecb97e

ASK WHAT THE PERSON DID WITH HENRY
>>
No. 438619 ID: a2a10c

Take a closer look at the dark shadow in front of you.
>>
No. 438620 ID: efe53a

Where's Henry?
>>
No. 438621 ID: f0ec70

I think we've been teleported to the past. Try speaking to the figure in the pews.
>>
No. 438622 ID: 20820e

check PODIUM
>>
No. 438623 ID: efe53a

Give a ranting speech about Jesus and how he died for our sins, so if we don't sin, he died for nothing. Make sure to be ranty about it. Like a pastor.
>>
No. 438624 ID: 694998

sit down, think of the situation, and cry a little, because WHAT THE FRICK MAN THIS IS NOT HOW WE WANTED THIS DAY TO TURN OUT LIKE
>>
No. 438625 ID: 272fd5

Go take a seat next to the figure, wait for sermon to begin
>>
No. 438627 ID: 589acc

Cautiously approach the person in the pew. If they look like they're praying let them finish, otherwise ask what's on their mind/who they are/if they can see why kids love cinnamon toast crunch

If somehow an oldetimes!Santiago, backpedal the fuck out
>>
No. 438628 ID: 6e25b4

Offer a baptism.
>>
No. 438629 ID: 32e092

Politely greet the figure and calmly make your way to the doors. Keep your eyes on the figure, but have a quick glance through the windows in the doors before opening/going through them.
>>
No. 438630 ID: 378452

"Howdy, pilgrim."
>>
No. 438631 ID: 5759d3

Take a quick look around in surprise.
>>
No. 438632 ID: 759569
File 134395837153.gif - (4.28KB , 701x683 , 427.gif )
438632

Henry is nowhere to be found. Nan's pockets are empty.

A dark hooded figure sits in the pew, perhaps praying or lost in thought.
>>
No. 438633 ID: ff2b77

Ohh... kay. So, all right, if the "good hotel/bad hotel" theory is perhaps somewhat right, these memory-visions might be something benevolent, trying to communicate with you.

Take a look at the person on the pew, there. If they aren't praying intensely or something, say hello.
>>
No. 438635 ID: f17fa7

Pull the hood down.
>>
No. 438636 ID: 589acc

Sit near the hooded figure, not arm's length if possible but still on same pew. Ask if they're alright.
>>
No. 438637 ID: f0ec70

Clear your throat, maybe greet them?
>>
No. 438638 ID: 8ff502

Leave the figure be for now and check the podium. Then try to strike up a conversation.
>>
No. 438639 ID: 694998

Sit down and try to talk to them, or maybe go to the courtyard?
>>
No. 438640 ID: a2a10c

Try and greet the hooded figure, and ask them for the date/if they know where they are. If they don't respond, take a quick look at what is outside.
>>
No. 438641 ID: 022645

Ask if he is alright. Or don't bother him, he might be praying
>>
No. 438642 ID: 2fd111

>>438632
If you now any hymns, hum one.
>>
No. 438643 ID: 759569
File 134395861859.gif - (5.23KB , 701x683 , 428.gif )
438643

Nan greets the figure in the pews cautiously.

A familiar face appears as the hood is pushed back.

Hello, Nan.
>>
No. 438644 ID: 8ff502

Oh thank goodness. Ask how he is and what the date is.
>>
No. 438645 ID: e2c296

nice to see you again!
>>
No. 438646 ID: f0ec70

Ask him where you are and what he's doing, along with the date and time.
>>
No. 438647 ID: 2fd111

Careful, me thinks our response now with be very important to the over arching plot.
>>
No. 438648 ID: 694998

dont get too close!! but ask the date!
>>
No. 438650 ID: 0d2ffc

Sup? Where the heck are we?
>>
No. 438651 ID: 022645

how can this be so terrifying I don't want to answer because I'll give a bad answer and fuck nan up ;^;
>>
No. 438652 ID: efe53a

Sit and pray with him.
>>
No. 438654 ID: 1479a4

Be polite and say hello
>>
No. 438655 ID: 338a86

"Lorenzo? What's going on?"
>>
No. 438660 ID: ecb97e

find out the date! ask him where the Padre went!
>>
No. 438662 ID: 20820e

is it cold in here
>>
No. 438666 ID: e3f578

Hey, Lorenzo, if you ever have to sin, can you sin a bit less when you sin? Maybe with a little affability or politeness? Just saying, sinners will always be sinners, just sin with a little nicety about it.
>>
No. 438667 ID: 2fd111

>>438662
Sneaky.

Ask if it it's just me or it is oddly cold.
>>
No. 438668 ID: 6a1ec2

I warned you about flashlights /quest/ i TOLD YOU DOG
>>
No. 438669 ID: 2fd111

>>438668
I knew it was a bad idea to shine it at him, but this wasn't what I expected to happen.
>>
No. 438673 ID: 6a1ec2

Also he's not long snouted. That's his left forearm. He shielded his eyes when you flashlighted him.
>>
No. 438674 ID: 6a1ec2

>>438669

You weren't one of the ones who said to do it. No problem, dawg.
>>
No. 438675 ID: efe53a

>>438673
We have no proof that Lorenzo was the mystery man on the balcony
>>
No. 438679 ID: cfd2bf

i bet it was Nan up on the balcony, kinda like at the door with the fire
>>
No. 438680 ID: ecb97e

Ask Lorenzo if he has seen anyone around that seems...out of place, sort of like yourself.
>>
No. 438682 ID: 8ff502

>>438673
Yeah I already said that in the discussion thread.

Also, asking if it seems cold is a good idea.
>>
No. 438684 ID: e9c0eb

"For the love of god"
>>
No. 438689 ID: 20820e

>>438684
Yes, for the love of God.
>>
No. 438709 ID: bce1e7

Tell him you're glad to see him, and ask him why he's here. If possible, ask about el Padre, the father.
>>
No. 438711 ID: 29fc40

see this

is one of the many reasons you can't trust religion
>>
No. 438712 ID: 29fc40

"Excuse me, but have you seen the Padre? For the love of god I can't seem to find him anywhere.."
>>
No. 438744 ID: b6e7ef

yeah ask about the padre
>>
No. 438745 ID: b6e7ef

So I came to read this as some sort of occupational therapy while waiting for homestuck to update
I caught up with this
NOW WHAT
>>
No. 438746 ID: b6e7ef

update
>>
No. 438747 ID: efe53a

>>438745
You go read Dive, and then wait for that to update. All the current chapters for Dive can be found here: http://pastebin.com/xieAUdTp
>>
No. 438748 ID: b6e7ef

>>438747
thank you my kind sir/miss
>>
No. 438752 ID: a4f716

>Sit down next to Lorenzo and ask about the weather.

NanQuest: The weather isn't just small talk anymore.
>>
No. 438753 ID: 868b82

Greet the pilgrim, ask what's been going on. You seem to have lost track of time. Also see if you can find out anything about the Beast.
>>
No. 438761 ID: bf857e

Ask for his name. Maybe he is Lorenzo, maybe he isn't. It's worth checking though, since I don't think we got his name.
>>
No. 438771 ID: a977c7

Ask Lorenzo what he's doing here
>>
No. 438799 ID: c96fc5

Nice to see good ol' Weaver is back again. <:
>>
No. 438801 ID: 9ec813

>>438746

Either read Dive or Ruby Quest if you haven't already. Ruby is fairly similar to this since it's also a horror based quest.
>>
No. 438803 ID: 38c917

>Show lorenzo the journal of father francis velasco
>>
No. 438814 ID: 43dc7a

Ask Lorenzo where the Padre is.
>>
No. 438818 ID: bf54a8

OKAY, everyone that does NOT have an actual suggestion ether post it in the discussion thread or put it in a spoiler tag.
>>
No. 438820 ID: e3aff6

Greet him, then ask him to remember something for you. A short phrase like "Hotel California" should do.
>>
No. 438824 ID: 5d5628

Tell him he must leave. Tell him that the mission is cursed.
>>
No. 438830 ID: 6c44c0

Ask him who "Father Francis Velasco" is.
>>
No. 438831 ID: 6c44c0

Ask him who "Father Francis Velasco" is.
>>
No. 438835 ID: feea89

NAN QUEST AWW YEAH

Try to convince Lorenzo that asking the Padre for a blessing might not be the best course of action.
>>
No. 438836 ID: cee0ad

>>438515
I second this.
>>
No. 438841 ID: 1d5849

Inquire Lorenzo about Padre, ask if you could have a blessing as well.

Let's investigate further.
>>
No. 438843 ID: 1d5849

Oh, also, ask him how you showed up here just now. He seems remarkably unsurprised by your arrival, so teleportation is probably out of the question.
>>
No. 438875 ID: db0d95

Show him the journal and ask him if he knows who wrote it.
>>
No. 438879 ID: 1dde13

The cold and book are key.
>>
No. 438887 ID: 7f2d33

>>438879

And dem vermin.
>>
No. 438925 ID: a4f716

Ooh yes. Ask about Father Francis Velasco and his mental well-being.
>>
No. 438930 ID: 60a388

Padre wanted to speak to us earlier, ask if he's around.
>>
No. 438945 ID: 29eeb9

Be polite and say hello to Lorenzo, offer to prey with him if he would like, and inquire about the beast.
>>
No. 438947 ID: 29eeb9

Ask Lorenzo how is life? Is it good? Has he been feeling particulary bloodthirst lately? If not thank God. If so please kill Kim first. Also please tell us of The Padre, The Pilgrim, and The Beast not necessarily in that order but still.
>>
No. 438957 ID: 899a22

Get out from behind the podium. You might offend him!
>>
No. 438959 ID: 092a91
File 134403328139.jpg - (162.53KB , 679x851 , GoatSmile.jpg )
438959

Tell Lorenzo "You may go to your beloved one with my blessing in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit" and smile.
>>
No. 438975 ID: 092a91

>>438959
Amen
>>
No. 439023 ID: 4f4027
File 134404457553.gif - (8.70KB , 701x683 , 429.gif )
439023

Nan does not have the journal, nor any other items with her.

Nan approaches Lorenzo. He says he didn't even notice her come in. He was focused on praying. And thinking.

What's the date? He's not sure anymore. He only meant to stay for a while, but it feels like the Padre, who is probably around here somewhere, has been stringing him along. He knows he shouldn't question the acts of God and His teachers, but he still has yet to get that blessing.
In a way, it feels like he's trying to keep Lorenzo from leaving.

He pauses, then looks at Nan with a curious expression.
She's not one of the nuns here, is she?
>>
No. 439024 ID: 378452

Tell him you're not a nun, but he's right that there's something strange going on with the Padre and he should listen to his instincts and get out of there. You'll help.

There will be other blessings, and with the Padre in the state he's in I'd be... concerned about what a blessing from him would mean.

Something tells me Lorenzo's not going to listen, though.
>>
No. 439025 ID: 1dde13

To lie is damnation.
>>
No. 439028 ID: 7f2d33

Tell him we're getting a similar feeling, but if he doesn't want to leave he could instead ask the Padre if he's alright. If he really cares about his religion he'd want to make sure his superior is well. We'll be there with him to guide him through this little moral dilemma.
>>
No. 439029 ID: 2fd111

>>439025
Agreed, especially in this setting.

Tell him that he won't believe the whole story, but is welcome to hear the short version.
Also, even if he decides not to hear you tale, and even if he DOES want to hear it, make sure to mention that there's likely something VERY wrong Father Velasco.
>>
No. 439033 ID: 7653d4

No, no she's not. Tell him it's a long story, but in a way, she feels trapped as well.
>>
No. 439034 ID: 4f4027
File 134404589448.gif - (10.05KB , 701x683 , 430.gif )
439034

Nan says he's correct, she's not a nun.
Lorenzo smiles. He thought not.

The Padre said he needs the help of this humble pilgrim, and as he is on a holy mission of discovery, he can hardly turn down such a request.
He's worried about Father Velasco. His behavior has been... worrying. But Lorenzo can't just abandon him.
He's obligated to stay until the Padre releases him.
>>
No. 439036 ID: 7f2d33

Could we speak with him? Maybe we can help with this mission (and run like hell if he gets hostile).
>>
No. 439037 ID: 1dde13

He must trade his life for Nan's.
>>
No. 439041 ID: e3f578

>>439034
Tell Lorenzo he is not obligated, to go to another church and perhaps seek forgiveness from another father. You have heard things about this father as well, things that do not bode well. Please, Lorenzo, leave. Leave or his soul will not enter through the gates of heaven. Not through his own fault, but by that of other people. Mercy is the true grace of god, he will not find mercy in this church. It is tainted.
>>
No. 439044 ID: 94b892

How has the Padre been acting recently? Does he seem well?
>>
No. 439045 ID: 378452

What does the Padre want him to do?

(Answer: Carve people up in a dark hotel, apparently.)
>>
No. 439047 ID: 2fd111

Confess to him that you read his journal. Tell him it's contents. If he asks why or how you read it, tell him he wouldn't believe you if you told him AND you don't fully understand the circumstances yourself, but tel him he is free to hear the short version if he'd like. All in all, make sure you leave him with the impression that the is somthing very wrong here, and it may be affecting ,or coming from, Father Valesco.
>>
No. 439049 ID: 7f2d33

>>439047

>Being honest and doing good
>Admit to reading the Father's secret journal behind his back

This may not be the best plan.
>>
No. 439052 ID: bc80f9

ask him if he's seen any rats around
>>
No. 439059 ID: d53c59

Lorenzo, you are a pilgrim, not a paladin. You can leave if you have good enough cause.

if he looks confused at that, drop that line and try to convince him that, while he is free to stay and help as much as he wants, he shouldn't take his offer to help as a soul-binding contract.
>>
No. 439066 ID: 4f4027
File 134405013092.gif - (8.88KB , 701x683 , 431.gif )
439066

Yes, Lorenzo says. He knows the Padre is... deeply troubled. He has become increasingly reclusive in the short time the pilgrim has been here. He seems preoccupied, and his mind - perhaps even his soul - is not at ease. He's taken a dim view of his own congregation, most especially the savage native people he came here to convert in the first place.
In confidence, he refers to them as vermin.

But that is all the more reason that he, as a servant of God, should stay to ensure things do not stray further from His plan.
>>
No. 439067 ID: 2fd111

>>439049
I feel he already suspects somthing is wrong, thus confirming it will either convince him to go, thus getting an innocent[?] out of the line of fire, or giving us a powerful ally or informant(even more so if he turns out to be the same 'the pilgrim' we know).
>>
No. 439070 ID: 7f2d33

>In confidence, he refers to them as vermin.

Ohhh dear. Tread carefully Nan.
>>
No. 439071 ID: 1dde13

Closed Mind
Open Heart
Over Hopeful
Under 6feet
>>
No. 439075 ID: e3f578

>>439066
And if he does and falls mad and attacks you Lorenzo? I know you say you'd never let it happen but it's a possibility. Lorenzo isn't Jesus, he shouldn't be trying to help try and take on everyone's sins on.

Tell Lorenzo that you don't want him to get hurt, admittedly for your own selfish reasons, but there are also selfless reasons. You've... been through this before, sort of. A pilgrim that followed a padre into madness and hurt others from the congregation. People have been killed over supposedly innocent selfless acts, you just don't want a repeat of what happened that you've been through. Also, his ears are adorable. Don't lose those really nice ears. Let 'em flop everywhere.
>>
No. 439076 ID: 7f2d33

We need to talk to the Father, try to gain his trust. If he's obsessed with us like in the journal he won't be able to resist our...goat...like charms. And if that fails then haul ass.
>>
No. 439078 ID: 2fd111

>>439070
Yes. This is bad, real bad. Know this the content of journal, kim the furnace(I think they were both her btw), and the arms reaching out the furnace ,this almost certainly confirms my theory that The Father (and assuming their the same person The Padre) is burning people alive.

Ask him the date. He didn't come up the idea for the 'fireplace' till June 31st according to the journal.
>>
No. 439080 ID: 7f2d33

>>439078

Lorenzo has no clue what the date is. We may have to investigate ourselves somehow.
>>
No. 439082 ID: d53c59

Whatever you do, don't say you have read his journal. Even if he believes it outright, he'll want to see proof. If he looks for proof, he might get caught. And him getting caught doing something like that could quickly result in becoming that skull-faced pilgrim we know and fear.

But I DO agree with trying to talk to the padre, and with telling Lorenzo that we have seen this kind of thing end in tears. If possible, get him to agree to leave if you ask him to again. Then don't ask him to. If he promises, we might be able to 'release' him just by asking him to leave the hotel. I hope.
>>
No. 439084 ID: 38c917

>Ask Lorenzo to take a walk with you outside.
>>
No. 439086 ID: e3f578

>>439078
Lorenzo shows up a day or a few after he comes up with the idea for the fireplace. It says so in the journal. He is perfect for whatever he is planning.
The father is already too far gone in his madness.
>>
No. 439092 ID: 7f2d33

We need to at least see what Padre's doing right now. It may help us figure out how much time we have before things get worse.
>>
No. 439096 ID: bc80f9

Yes, meeting the Padre should be the priority in the limited time we have. We've seen some seriously weird shit recently, maybe we can see what is messing with the Padre?
>>
No. 439098 ID: 38c917

If we go to visit the Padre, we probably shouldn't take Lorenzo with us.
>>
No. 439099 ID: 8ff502

If we can't get Lorenzo to leave, we should try visiting the Father.
>>
No. 439102 ID: 067a04

Make it extremely clear that if the Padre is too far gone, not even God can save him. Then ask him to come along with you to speak with the Padre himself.
>>
No. 439109 ID: feea89

Suggest that maybe calling the natives vermin might not be appropriate for a person of calling and use that to sway him into leaving.
>>
No. 439112 ID: 0c2247

>>439066
"A sheep can't help a shepard that has lost his way, but can find another shepard to save him.

If he has deteriorated while you've been here then you can't help him yourself. The best you can do is leave and seek someone who can help him back on the path.
You came for God's blessing, and he gave you a mission.
Go. Quickly. Padre will try to tempt you to stay, so don't let him know you are leaving.
For what it's worth, you have my blessing."
>>
No. 439116 ID: 38c917

Can we really change the future? It is heavily implied that Lorenzo becomes the pilgrim. Is it possible that by trying to convince Lorenzo to leave, we inadvertently make him into the Pilgrim?

Perhaps we should merely focus on trying to gather information on the Padre, perhaps it could help to escape from the hotel.
>>
No. 439122 ID: a4f716

>Hug Lorenzo.

Tell him not to be scared, and that he should still try to keep his own free will. Work from the will of God, not the will of the Padre. Clearly this guy's bonkers McGee right now.
>>
No. 439130 ID: d53c59

>>439112

I'm not actually sure if we can change the past or not. Remember the elevator? We gave her a screwdriver that may or may not have had any impact at all. But we don't know the mechanics of this event. MAYBE we can change stuff, MAYBE this is only happening in Nan's head, MAYBE its happening in SOMEONE ELSE'S head, possibly at the same time as it is in Nan's, so while we can't change things, we can make them remember stuff that never happened. If we could leave hints for ourselves in the future, we might be able to piece together just what these 'flashbacks' are. The only ways I can see us doing that are trying to convince the pilgrim to not become a horrible skull monster what eviscerates everyone, or carving something into a pew or a wall or something, and hopping that the hotel kept those walls or pews or whatever.
>>
No. 439150 ID: 29eeb9

What is His plan?
>>
No. 439151 ID: ec9ba1

>In confidence, he refers to them as vermin.

Remember what the journal said.

REMEMBER WHAT THE JOURNAL SAID
>>
No. 439153 ID: a361ec

Tell him you're pretty sure Father doesn't have God in mind anymore.
>>
No. 439154 ID: a361ec

Sorry, I meant the Padre, not "Father". >__<;
>>
No. 439186 ID: edc63c

keep him talking about this. let's see if we can get him to tell us what, exactly, the padre's got him doing.
>>
No. 439197 ID: 20ecd6

ask Lorenzo what that mark on his face is from
>>
No. 439208 ID: bc80f9

Ask Lorenzo where his horse is, or if he has one.
>>
No. 439292 ID: 092a91

Tell Lorenzo "El Padre no parece encontrarse bien de salud, debes salir de la mision y informar de esto a la arquidiosesis para que actuen al respecto" and do it with a Spanish accent.
>>
No. 439293 ID: 092a91

>>439292
"E informar"
>>
No. 439295 ID: 2fd111

>>439292
I'm fairly certain Nan can't speak spanish. On that note check the discussion thread, I just thought of something and need to stop discusing in quest thread.
>>
No. 439333 ID: 092a91

>>439295
As far as we know, she could perfectly do.
>>
No. 439353 ID: 2d7b2e

>>439333
Maybe Nan is speaking Spanish right now.
>>
No. 439354 ID: 092a91

>>439353
Mind Blown
>>
No. 439358 ID: 2fd111

>>439353
Honestly, that makes more sense then you're giving it credit for.
>>
No. 439470 ID: cb146d

>>439066
What is He planning?
Also, tell Lorenzo to be careful around the Padre.
>>
No. 439707 ID: 899a22

Ask him what he can do to make sure.
>>
No. 439745 ID: fc9abb

>>439066

Maybe warn Lorenzo to be careful around the Padre, you don't doubt he's a man of God but nobody is immune from obsession and irrationality.

(He's clearly equally religious minded, Nan wouldn't want to upset or offend him)
>>
No. 439748 ID: 6a1ec2

>>439745

Lorenzo just warned us of that.

>>439122

voting this
>>
No. 439789 ID: bf857e

Tell Lorenzo something has to be done about the Padare, 'cause some weird shit's gonna come down from this.
>>
No. 439833 ID: fc9abb

>>439122

I mean It's not like hugs solve everything Quest related, but they very rarely make problems worse.
>>
No. 439841 ID: 4cc308

My only problem with the "Tell Lorenzo to do something about the Padre" plan is that, for all we know, him trying to stop the Padre is what causes Lorenzo become "The Pilgrim" we all know and fear. Or, Lorenzo trying to leave is the trigger for Padre just fucking up ALL the shit. That said, if this can actually change the past, we need to get Lorenzo out, because without him, there is no Pilgrim. (Unless he's not THE pilgrim and is really just a red herring/exposition guy who happens to be A pilgrim, but that would be silly.) If there's no pilgrim, not only is Anna still alive (maybe, we're not sure how this time-travel-wibbly-wobbily thing works yet), but so is the first guy that Pablo mentioned, who might be able to help us.

Or I'm pulling at straws. Frankly, that seems more likely.

Voting to hug Lorenzo,
Voting to try to convince him to leave. Maybe tell him that the Padre is beyond saving. If he asks how we know, just tell him that we had proof that he was planning something big and that it's too late to interfere in, or something like that. The mission is neither holy, nor is it technically discovering anything. Is it possible for him to get his blessing anywhere else?
>>
No. 439845 ID: cfd2bf

If we look back to the journal entries in the 5th thread the padre mentions that the pilgrim (a traveler but maybe not The Pilgrim(note the capitalization)) is trying to leave, maybe this is a hint that we have been moved to (or are viewing) this point in time from the journal and that we try to convince Lorenzo to get the blessing and leave. causing the padre to become more unstable.
So to keep the timeline (or Nan's mind) from damage i'm voting for just gathering information without giving to much away about our current predicament, however if we can give lorenzo some discrete hints (the kind he wont understand until he becomes The Pilgrim(if Lorenzo becomes him) as some kind of Stitches (from rubyquest) style memory fix.

TL:DR version, don't tell Lorenzo to much, unless you can do it without to much being given away.
>>
No. 439909 ID: 0d2bec

It doesn't matter what you try to say or do, the Pilgrim is already in the hotel. If Nan tries to cause a paradox by getting Lorenzo the heck out of dodge, then that might be the kind of temporal phenomenon that helped curse the hotel in the first place.

The best she can do is serve as a silent observer of the events, not directly interfering in any way. She might unwittingly be the cause of all this mischief in the first place if she keeps interfering with the past in this way!

I vote Nan nods and waits with Lorenzo patiently to see what's good.
>>
No. 439927 ID: c96fc5

>Wait with Lorenzo for the Padre.

Or possibly Father Velasco.
>>
No. 439949 ID: 20264e
File 134431037933.gif - (6.93KB , 701x683 , 432.gif )
439949

Nan tries to convince the poor pilgrim that perhaps the local padre has lost his way. That perhaps even a respected man of the cloth might stray from the path.
Maybe he should leave while he can. This is not his responsibility.

But it is, Lorenzo says.
He must do what is demanded of him by God and the church.

He's started building something, you know. Down in the big cellar, under the church. A furnace, maybe. He spoke of it only in passing. But he's building something.
He believes God has a plan. And so too must Father Velasco.

God works in mysterious ways. He may not understand them, but he believes in them.
>>
No. 439955 ID: b85f8c

>>439949
Ask where the entrance to the cellar is.
>>
No. 439958 ID: a6222a

>>439955
Cue you grabbing your future Nan's hands from the furnace.
>>
No. 439963 ID: 20264e
File 134431160581.gif - (14.89KB , 701x683 , 433.gif )
439963

The doors to the courtyard break open with the rush of a storm.
>>
No. 439968 ID: b85f8c

>>439963
Keep your distance but get a better look at what that is. It seems like it might be a person...
>>
No. 439979 ID: a6222a

>>439968
It does seem like the Padre's hat. I would back off slowly (or quickly even better) making sure Lorenzo doesn't get closer. Perhaps we can try asking who/what that is while we backtrack.

Now that I think about it better... perhaps it seems like that dark stuff is taking Father Velasco with it... and we would be complete jerks if we let it take it without doing anything. I sitll advocate backtracking but I'm pretty sure Lorenzo is going to want to help.
>>
No. 439980 ID: 20264e
File 134431247437.gif - (4.58KB , 701x683 , 434.gif )
439980

Cold air rushes in, chilling Nan to the bone. Darkness fills the Chapel.

Nan stumbles to her feet, stepping away from the dark figure in the doorway.
She trips, falls, lands at the pilgrim's feet.
>>
No. 439983 ID: 6a1ec2

The dark figure is you Nan! Save yourself!
>>
No. 439986 ID: 20264e
File 134431262001.gif - (6.90KB , 701x683 , 435.gif )
439986

"Nan? Are you all right?"

The world comes back into focus.
>>
No. 439988 ID: b85f8c

Nod, and look around.
>>
No. 439989 ID: e3f578

>>439986
"Yeah Henry, just trying to save the Pilgrim from his fate in the past."
>>
No. 439990 ID: 6a1ec2

We're not not not not not going into the courtyard.
>>
No. 439994 ID: fb5404

Ask Henry how long we were out, and what happened to him, and the dark figure.
>>
No. 439997 ID: 20264e
File 134431318399.gif - (15.09KB , 701x683 , 436.gif )
439997

Henry helps Nan to her feet. She asks what happened.

He says the figure vanished in the light. It was just... gone, all of a sudden. And then Nan was lying on the floor, mumbling to herself.

She saw it, didn't she?
Saw the before-time.
>>
No. 439998 ID: 0e0344

ask him how long we were out and if he saw who the dark figure was
>>
No. 439999 ID: adc994

Ask what he knows about this vision.
>>
No. 440000 ID: 0e0344

Enter courtyard
>>
No. 440001 ID: 561092

>>439997
Who the shit said that?
>>
No. 440004 ID: b85f8c

>>439997
Ask if he knows where the big cellar is. Did we find the furnace Padre built, or a more recently built one, for the hotel?

Peek out the doors to the courtyard to see if the Beast is about.
>>
No. 440007 ID: fb5404

Yea, we saw the past, why are you talking like that? What do you know about it?
>>
No. 440008 ID: 4cc308

Ask if Henry's seen it before. If he does, find out what he knows and tell him what we know.
>>
No. 440009 ID: 4cc308

>>440000
You be quiet.

HUG HENRY
>>
No. 440011 ID: 4cc308

Oh, and check inventory.
>>
No. 440013 ID: 20264e
File 134431398770.gif - (15.09KB , 701x683 , 437.gif )
440013

Henry says he saw it earlier. When they were separated. There was something - someone - in the darkness. He shone a light on it and it was gone, but he saw something. A vision, or maybe a memory. He didn't see much before he awoke.

It was like they were trying to show him something.

It was the light.
>>
No. 440015 ID: b85f8c

>>440013
Yeah. We've been seeing visions like that too. Tell him about the screwdriver-related vision.
>>
No. 440019 ID: 0e0344

check inventory, then read check from arcade if we still have it
>>
No. 440026 ID: 7f2d33

Press Henry for more info on his own visions. They might help us in the long run.
>>
No. 440039 ID: e3f578

>>440013
Yeah Henry what secrets have you picked up!
Tell us Henry!
You give us a story we give you ours!
>>
No. 440157 ID: b1f786

Okay, yes. Ask him more about his vision, but keep moving. It's not usually a good idea to keep in one place for long.
>>
No. 440166 ID: 8ff502

Enter the courtyard!

Alternatively(or at the same time), ask about his vision(s) and tell him about ours.
>>
No. 440178 ID: 9ec813

Check behind the cross mounted on the wall. There may be something on the wall or the back of the cross itself.
>>
No. 440192 ID: feea89

Ask Henry for some more details regarding his vision, then investigate the door to the right - if it leads to the Courtyard where we saw the Beast earlier, do not open.
>>
No. 440224 ID: fb5404

Politely tell Henry we can talk about our relative time shenanigans when we're back at the safe room. For now, we have a Pablo to find. Peek through those windows, if we don't see anything, onward!
>>
No. 440250 ID: bf857e

Go back to the safe room, and while you walk talk with Henry. But, question first; can we even advance to it?
>>
No. 440267 ID: 16e627
File 134438835002.gif - (15.00KB , 701x683 , 438.gif )
440267

Nan moves to the courtyard doors while Henry explains.
He says it wasn't clear, the vision. All he remembers is a family. A wife and a daughter. Vague. But it was in another time.

He says the light reveals more in this place than one might expect.
>>
No. 440271 ID: c1655b

Hey Nan, don't you wanna take out your magnifying glass and point your flashlight through it? C'mon, it'll be a fun experiment.
>>
No. 440274 ID: 16e627
File 134438912863.gif - (3.89KB , 701x683 , 439.gif )
440274

Nan peers into the COURTYARD.
>>
No. 440275 ID: b85f8c

Welp. We're not going out there. Might as well head back the way we came and tell the others that Santiago's lost his mind.
>>
No. 440276 ID: 0e0344

Shine FLASHLIGHT through DOOR WINDOW
>>
No. 440277 ID: 7f2d33

Wave to the whatever that is and get back to the safe room.
>>
No. 440278 ID: 7a7738

Let's not flashlight everything. Everyone seems to be against it in the story, and there must be SOME con to instantly blinking the shadows out of existance in return for insights into the plot and past.. And.. ...fuck it, flashlight it.
>>
No. 440283 ID: 0a3142

Freak out and back away from the door. Don't use the flashlight.
>>
No. 440287 ID: 1dde13

Light at the end of a tunnel.
>>
No. 440289 ID: 686046

Don't antagonize it. Just go back to the safe room
>>
No. 440308 ID: 2fd111
File 134439362645.jpg - (321.06KB , 800x500 , dontpanic_large.jpg )
440308

Nope Nope Nope

Do not use the flashlight. Turn around, slowly start walking, calmly and quietly(but loud enough he won't yell 'What?') tell Henry we should be leaving now. Also, Henry goes in first, if he gets grabbed trying to crawl through, I don't think we'll be able to pull him out, but he might be able to pull Nan out if she's grabbed. Most importantly
DON'T PANIC
>>
No. 440309 ID: bf54a8

the courtyard peers back
>>
No. 440314 ID: 802e50

AWWW FUCK

Well, back to the saferoom then. Also, I don't trust Henry that much. Just... be wary. This whole talk of seeing the light is making me think bad things are going to happen because of him.
>>
No. 440353 ID: cfd2bf

someone suggested excommunicating the padre, may as well grab the journal while were here for if we can find a candle and the desk bell.
>>
No. 440369 ID: 2fd111

>>440353
Already taken

>>438553

>Nan swipes the book off the podium and quickly checks her inventory.
>>
No. 440375 ID: f0ec70

Something tells me shining the flashlight at it (I'm assuming it's the Beast?) won't be a good idea. Slowly back up, and make Henry crawl through the hole first. He's suspicious, and like someone said, if something tries to grab us, it'll get to him first.

Hightail it to the safe room.
>>
No. 440384 ID: d94e2c

Exeunt. CALMLY
>>
No. 440385 ID: 6a1ec2

No flashlight!
>>
No. 440396 ID: c96fc5

>Take the book and flashlight. Calmly but cautiously exit the chapel back the way you came from.

>Alternative: Take the book and Henry and hide behind the podium. If possible, topple the podium to act as cover.

>Alternative 2: Pray to your God.
>>
No. 440400 ID: e9c04d

Montresor are you trying to get us killed

Grab henry and make for the other edge of the room. Also hug Henry if nothing bursts through the courtyard door
>>
No. 440414 ID: 5be7c1

Scream and flail, scattering your belongings throughout the chapel. Then throw yourself through the hole in the wall and barricade it behind you, leaving Henry to fend for himself.
>>
No. 440415 ID: b845c9

Flashlight to the face
>>
No. 440418 ID: 214bf9

Do not provoke the beast, just back off.
>>
No. 440420 ID: 133df0

Shine your flashlight on Henry. Also the room. Also the window.
>>
No. 440426 ID: 3c7559

Do not shine the flashlight on it. Back away slowly without breaking eye contact. Have Henry crawl through the hole first and then hurry after him.
>>
No. 440439 ID: 6a1ec2

>>440414
>>440420

You know it might be just me but I think some people may be deliberately trying to fail. Call it a hunch.
>>
No. 440440 ID: 3b4ea9

Shine the flashlight on the beast.
It's the only way to know if it's a good idea or not!
Okay, yes, I am just curious.
>>
No. 440441 ID: 8042f4

No flashlight.
>>
No. 440448 ID: 29eeb9

Step away from the window.Get Andersan
>>
No. 440449 ID: bc80f9

Doesn't look like the Beast to me, and I don't see how getting a look at what's outside will affect our chances of escape if we're just going to run away right afterwards anyway.
>>
No. 440462 ID: 1d5849

>>440449
>Doesn't look like the Beast to me

What -DOES- the Beast look like?
>>
No. 440463 ID: b85f8c

>>440449
We've only seen the Beast's eyes. The reason why shining the flashlight on it is a bad idea is that overusing light pisses off the dark ones. Santiago survived for this long by using just enough light to get by. We should do the same, but keep investigating as well.
>>
No. 440464 ID: 2fd111

>>440449
The beast lives, or at spends most of it's time, in the courtyard, thus it's likely the beast
>>
No. 440497 ID: ce47da

maybe slowly back away quickly.
>>
No. 440500 ID: 42721b

>>440274
Don't they say that music soothes the savage beast? Nan should try HUMMING SHOWTUNES if we ever find ourselves suddenly in the courtyard with the beast.

I think for now, though, provoking the beast is a bad idea. Let sleeping dogs lie and return to the safe room with Henry.
>>
No. 440501 ID: b7169d

Use the flashlight.
>>
No. 440504 ID: feea89

The problem is deciding whether the (suspected, don't see no mouth) Beast is strong enough to rip through those doors. Santiago warned us not to antagonize it while Nan was "safely" up on the third floor... so I'd say yes. Yes it is.

Slowly back away from the door, then leave through the hole with Henry going in first.
>>
No. 440506 ID: 9e8b47

>>440274
the courtyard peers into nan
>>
No. 440523 ID: 5ee973

Take a step back and turn on your flashlight.
>>
No. 440533 ID: e9c04d

Take a step and don't do anything with the flashlight that would make light show up on or near the window.

I get the odd feeling we really don't want to know what the beast looks like.
>>
No. 440548 ID: fc9abb

Confirm inventory and swipe the book from the podium, swiftly but not to draw attention.

The chapel isn't a good place to be right now, in fact anywhere other than the courtyard and chapel would probably be good right now.
>>
No. 440598 ID: c80970

>>440274

Use JOURNAL to smack BEAST on the nose like a BAD DOG. CUE TRAINING MONTAGE. Add party member. Oh yeah.
>>
No. 440641 ID: 07f8b3

>Assault the creature with everything you've got
>>
No. 440655 ID: fb5404

Find out what's staring at us, wave or shine your flashlight
>>
No. 440680 ID: efd3b7

Wave hello. Nothing will go wrong.
>>
No. 440722 ID: 5ed066
File 134447314855.gif - (14.94KB , 701x683 , 440.gif )
440722

Nan slowly backs away from the door and tells Henry to go back to the hotel.

"What?"

Henry.
Go.

Now.
>>
No. 440725 ID: 0d2bec

You don't have the combat prowess for this. Don't be a hero. Maintain eye contact, continue retreat.
>>
No. 440731 ID: b85f8c

I think it's time we left.
>>
No. 440732 ID: f45b08

Pants shitting moment aside. We need to GTFO ASAP, thats definitely the beast your staring out. Move back as quietly as possible, no sudden moves, whisper to Henry you need to go. Grab book from the podium if you can reach it without sudden moves, and most importantly. DONT. PANIC.
>>
No. 440747 ID: 43bae7

Slowly and calmly back your ass out of there.
>>
No. 440748 ID: 7f2d33

Calmly tell Henry that we just lost the staring contest with the Beast and haul ass.
>>
No. 440761 ID: bf857e

Light. The monsters don't like light.
Hope your flashlight still works, Nan; shine it in the monster's goddamn eyes if it does.
>>
No. 440770 ID: fb5404

Alright, if we're doin it this way, at least ready the flashlight as a last resort. Make it clear to Henry that we will not put up with any "I won't leave you behind!" BS.
>>
No. 440775 ID: e9c04d

Keep contact with the window-o-doom, but make way back to hotel. This is a BAD place for BAD people and we should not be here
>>
No. 440785 ID: 2fd111

For Nan's sake, let's NOT antagonize the thing that is likely about to try to kill us further. Even when/if it is already attacking.
>>
No. 440807 ID: 29eeb9

Crawl through that hole before Henry and give him a satisfactory view before escaping The Beast
>>
No. 440963 ID: a5f39d

Light only aggravates them. Dark. Things like to be kept in the dark.
>>
No. 440973 ID: 5d5628

To reiterate: do not use the flashlight for now.
>>
No. 440978 ID: feea89

Ffff.

For now, keep directing Henry to the hole and, backing away, remain as calm as hu... goatly possible. If the (suspected) Beast makes any attempt to rush through the door, use your FLIGHT INSTINCT to enter the hole ASAP, preferably with Henry in front of you. Don't use the flashlight either way - you either risk angering the Beast or losing a moment better suited for escape.

I don't like the eyes though. They're closest to being Santiago's, but on the close-up they're not perfectly round and are slanted just a bit. The Beast has different, highly slanted inward eyes and the teeth seemed to be visible if the Sun Room pics are to be trusted. A third party?
>>
No. 440984 ID: 2fd111

>>440978
Silly Iksek, goat girls can't fly...
>>
No. 440990 ID: 64842b

Wait- the beast doesn't usually enter the hotel... right? Check and see if there's any way to jam the door. If not, back out of the room slowly.
>>
No. 440995 ID: 5ee973

>>440990

Jam the book in the door!
>>
No. 441020 ID: ebd192

Jam the door with the pipe, then say hello!
>>
No. 441022 ID: 868b82

Nan: Lose Henry somewhere along the way.
Henry: Go towards the light.
>>
No. 441042 ID: edc63c

what a bunch of ninnies. hold your ground, maybe say hello. let this thing know you're not afraid of it.
>>
No. 441051 ID: f0d47e

Remember what Santiago said - don't fight the will of the hotel, but also, never stay in one place.

Ignoring the... entity in the window and carrying on with what you were doing anyway; (quietly) going back to the safehouse, is probably the best thing to do.

Take it slow now, swiftness won't help you unless that thing actually shows any sign of aggression
>>
No. 441053 ID: b1f786

If you can get into the hole without it coming inside, use the flashlight on it. That way, if it freaks out and tries to attack, you can still back deeper into the safety of the tunnel.
>>
No. 441074 ID: b0b061

Arm yourself! Prepare to give Henry time to escape!
>>
No. 441103 ID: a4f716

>>439963

dafuq. DAFUQ?!!

>Do not shine any flashlights. We don't have enough information/power to deal with that stuff yet.
>>
No. 441139 ID: bc80f9

If we run from every single unknown thing in this hotel we're just going to end up hiding in the safe room until we die of starvation. Figure out what it is before we exit the room. Make sure Henry leaves though, getting 2 people through that passage at once will be difficult IF the eyes turn out to be dangerous.
>>
No. 441215 ID: 5ed066
File 134458172642.gif - (30.18KB , 701x683 , 441.gif )
441215

Thunder roars.
>>
No. 441219 ID: 6a1ec2

CHEESE IT CHEESE IT
>>
No. 441223 ID: 7f2d33
File 134458246792.jpg - (70.88KB , 813x592 , Smoky_Progg(PikminNPC).jpg )
441223

>>441215

GET OUT OF THERE.
>>
No. 441225 ID: c7dc56

PUNCH THE BITCH PUNCH THE BITCH GO DOWN KICKING AND CLAWING
>>
No. 441227 ID: 1f8505

>>441215

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!
>>
No. 441231 ID: 2fd111
File 134458275235.jpg - (19.05KB , 333x250 , run_for_your_life-show.jpg )
441231

FORGET NOT PANICKING! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!
>>
No. 441277 ID: 5b6e26

There's no time, shine the light on it!
>>
No. 441301 ID: 8b40da

While running spank Henry's ass and tell him to move it!!!
>>
No. 441304 ID: b710e7

HO DAMN GET YOUR ASS OUTTA THERE
>>
No. 441312 ID: 00e8f7

Could you possibly jump up and grab onto the balcony? With Henry in the way, you might not be able to quickly crawl out of there before whatever that is gets to you
>>
No. 441313 ID: 43bae7

Is that bench directly above us or off to one side? Like do we have to worry about it falling and breaking our spine before the monster even gets to us?
>>
No. 441314 ID: 7da9c1

>>441215
>her shadow
Oh god what now?
>>
No. 441316 ID: 1d5849

>>441313
Or shutting the way out, for that matter.
>>
No. 441333 ID: ebd192

Hit It! Hit it with gusto!
>>
No. 441355 ID: a24131

Throw the journal at it and pull yourself up the balcony quick!
>>
No. 441356 ID: bc80f9

OH GOD IT'S.. pretty cute.

10/10, would cuddle.
>>
No. 441361 ID: feea89

>>441215

Called it.

FLIGHT INSTINCT ACTIVATE! Into the hole, Nan!
>>
No. 441375 ID: 59f28a

I hear goats are pretty good jumpers. How high can you jump? Do you think you could jump up to the balcony and go out that way? That way you won't be stuck behind Henry.
>>
No. 441381 ID: 686046

Tell Henry to haul ass and dive into the hole. If the bench ends up blocking the hole, use it to climb up to the balcony.
>>
No. 441442 ID: dc4a44

Make a contract with it
>>
No. 441582 ID: 2073cc

Kick Henry's ass with your foot further into the hole, then shove him forward through the tunnel while groping his ass.
>>
No. 441682 ID: f4feaa
File 134466862736.png - (65.36KB , 701x683 , adorabeast.png )
441682

Aww, c'mon guys! It's just the local giant kitty cat. There's nothing to be scared of.
>>
No. 441718 ID: ebd192

>>441582
Dammit man, this is no time for subtlety!
>>
No. 441720 ID: 5ed066

>>441682
Please keep stuff like this to the discussion thread.
>>
No. 441728 ID: 5ed066
File 134468255726.gif - (22.41KB , 701x683 , 442.gif )
441728

Deciding that there's not enough time for her to go after Henry, Nan scrambles up the upended pew to the alcove above.
It takes all her balance not to fall.
>>
No. 441730 ID: 886a4d

It's a good thing she is a goat.
>>
No. 441733 ID: ce47da

YOUTH ROLL
>>
No. 441734 ID: 275003

Escape through the doorway!
The giant kitten is probably too heavy for the pew, though you might wanna knock the pew over just in case, assuming that it doesn't knock the pew over itself with this lunge.
>>
No. 441757 ID: a4f716

>Through the balcony door!~
>>
No. 441763 ID: 2b06f6

It's not cute anymore. D8
Yell to Henry, to let him know the beast didn't get you. You'll find a way back to the safehouse on your own.

On another note.... HAUL ASS, NAN! IT'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!
>>
No. 441765 ID: 41ebdc

By the way... Why is the light coming from him?!
Or did we drop the flashlight somewhere there?
>>
No. 441769 ID: bf857e

Run forward and don't look back!
>>
No. 441782 ID: 2fd111

>>441763
Agreed, yell to Henry you got away, then run like there's no tomorrow.
>>
No. 441783 ID: 6808dd

Knock the pew over, yell to Henry, get the fuck out of dodge.
>>
No. 441804 ID: d00d7a

CAREFUL NAN IT LOOKS LIKE THERES SOMEBODY WAITING FOR YOU UP THERE
>>
No. 441835 ID: 4807f9

Does Nan's flashlight still work? If so, shine it in the thing's face!
>>
No. 441974 ID: 0d16a7

If there's a door inside the balcony area, slam it behind us after we tell Henry to leg it. A closed door migh give us the split second we need to get away.

If we insist on using the flashlight, use it in the balcony room. That way we at least know where we're going.
>>
No. 442011 ID: 1fc743

Henry's almost all the way in the hole, and the sound of some monster smashing in the door and flinging away a pew has probably encouraged him to get through the hole as fast as possible, don't waste breath telling him to to run.
>>
No. 442206 ID: 768963

Once inside the balcony, Nan should use the flashlight to see her way around it briefly and just book it. I would really not be surprised if the Beast couldn't barrel its way inside of it too.
>>
No. 442208 ID: feea89

Fffffffffff.

The Balcony is unexplored as of now so running directly inside might not be the brightest of ideas... but dammit that smoke monster thing looks strong enough to just jump over there, rickety pew-ledge notwithstanding.

COMBO ACTION!

Yell to Henry that you're on the balcony and running, click your flashlight on so you have the barest minimum of line of sight and... well, run.
>>
No. 442216 ID: 8ff502

Don't use the flashlight on it!
But be careful once we're on the balcony, we don't know what could be waiting for us.
I'm sure Henry knows to run, so don't bother trying to tell him.
If need be we can use the flashlight to find our way around wherever the balcony leads.
>>
No. 442223 ID: 77b431

BE CAREFUL there is something in the balcony room that wasn't on the previous panel, but it is too late to turn back now. Just be prepared to keep running and maybe fight something off.
>>
No. 442224 ID: 77b431

Wait nevermind. That's probably just her shadow. Still, be careful anyway.
>>
No. 442244 ID: 2ff83e

Well... best not to fight the beast. Let's get while the getting's good.
>>
No. 442451 ID: 6370a9

WHAT ABOUT SANTIAGO.
>>
No. 442455 ID: 6a1ec2

>>442451

He went through the hole. He's ahead of Henry.
>>
No. 442488 ID: 440525

Keep running until you find somebody.
>>
No. 442493 ID: a5f39d

Don't bother to knock over pew. Just get some distance and tell Henry to GTFO.
>>
No. 442766 ID: b1e5db

>Use your natural balance and climbing skills that goats usually get to hoist yourself over the railing of the balcony.
>>
No. 442785 ID: 87f475

REACH the balcony, if the creature manages to grab your hand, kick it away with your goat hooves and run inside the balcony.
>>
No. 442805 ID: c336e6
File 134492989944.gif - (28.75KB , 701x683 , 443.gif )
442805

The pew collapses behind Nan.
Nan rushes through the curtain, yelling her status to Henry so he'll know she made it out.

Nan emerges in a dark room.
>>
No. 442807 ID: adc994

Hide in the cupboard in case the horrible monster is following you.

When the coast is clear, inspect the book on the table.
>>
No. 442808 ID: b85f8c

Look in the cupboard before reading the book.

Oh hey, a candle. We can get a bell book and candle now. Though I wonder if the receptionist's bell counts as a bell?
>>
No. 442810 ID: cfd2bf

>>442808
For en excommunication (bell book and candle) all that is required is to have something you can ring twice (bell, anything that can ring (once for opening and lighting and once for closing and extinguishing)) something to open and close (Book) and something that can be lit and extinguished (candle).
so the front bell should be adequate.
>>
No. 442811 ID: 2fd111

>>442805
Listen for if it sounds like it sounds like it's making a solid attempt at climbing the balcony. If it is successfuly climbing, skim the open pages on the table, then keep hauling ass. If not, examine the book and the contents of the cubord.
>>
No. 442812 ID: 1f8505

If you are not currently in danger, read book.
>>
No. 442818 ID: c336e6
File 134493101663.gif - (28.83KB , 701x683 , 444.gif )
442818

Nan waits for a moment, but it does not sound like she is being pursued any further.

Nan opens the large cabinet on the wall.
But it's empty. There aren't even any shelves inside.
>>
No. 442821 ID: 2fd111

>>442818
Next, check the book.
>>
No. 442825 ID: b85f8c

Huh. Okay, bookwards then. There's probably something behind the cabinet but let's avoid making a much noise in this room until we're done checking out the book.
>>
No. 442827 ID: 6a1ec2

>>442818

Enter cabinet. Close doors. Find Narnia.
>>
No. 442828 ID: 1f8505

>>442818

Read book.
>>
No. 442829 ID: c336e6
File 134493190486.gif - (48.53KB , 701x683 , 445.gif )
442829

Nan glances at the book.
It appears to be a Bible.

...Annotated.
>>
No. 442832 ID: 2fd111

>>442829
Keep reading, this looks like it's the Padre's personal Bible.
>>
No. 442833 ID: b85f8c

Look up 1-8.
>>
No. 442835 ID: 1f8505

Anything else written in there?
>>
No. 442837 ID: 6a1ec2

Interesting. Baptism. There's actually three Baptisms, once by water, once by blood and once by fire. Most people only do water though. Because bathing in the blood of innocents and then committing suicide via self immolation is considered a bit "fringe".
>>
No. 442840 ID: b85f8c

>>442837
Err, no. It's Leviticus. Specifically, 5:9 and 5:10.
>>
No. 442845 ID: 011678

my memory is a little hazy on this but i thnik the ritual described is one that allows a priest to absolve himself of any and all sins he commited up to that point.
at least, thats how i remeber it.
now that i think about it, the blood it mentions is supposed to come from a goat...
>>
No. 442852 ID: 3f3ef5

If you read it more directly, it could "9 by blood redeemed," as if the Padre needs to sacrifice 9 different subjects (the visitors including Santiago and Lorenz)," for this particular ritual.
>>
No. 442853 ID: feea89

Ah shit, so the Bible theory was true.

Take the Bible with you and read it later somewhere safe, if this is indeed the Padre's personal pleasure hole, staying in here is the worst idea ever. If possible, take the candle with you, the excommunication idea might have some merit.

But... we'll need matches.

Santiago has matches.

Dayum.
>>
No. 442854 ID: feea89

>>442853
Exorcism* idea

What the hell brain
>>
No. 442861 ID: 275003

Well, I think we know who the burnt offering was/will be. But has step 9 happened yet, or is it about to happen?

It's risky, but maybe hide in the cabinet and wait for whoever hangs out in this place to come back. See what they get up to when they think they're alone.
>>
No. 442867 ID: 3c7559

>>442861
That is literally the worst idea possible. I highly doubt we're ready to face off against The Padre yet.

Is there anything under the bed?
>>
No. 442868 ID: 0451fc

Seems like the creature didn't bothered following you... or might have just slipped through the tunnel where Henry is..

Peek out abit to see if it's gone.
>>
No. 442877 ID: c336e6

"Nan opens the large cabinet on the wall.
But it's empty. There aren't even any shelves inside."

maybe check for a secret door?
>>
No. 442881 ID: 948e70

I vote for the "take the candle and book" (don't snuff the candle till you're out of the room of course) and getting the hell out idea as well.

Can you go out that door to the left? Carefully try opening it?
>>
No. 442892 ID: 58396a

>>442840

Leviticus was a right crazy bastard.

>>442829
>moar anons and take the bible

Agreed. Though it might be inviting the Padre's wrath, we need to figure out what's going on here. Grab the bible and see if we can meet up with Henry or the others. Maybe one of them knows what some of this might mean.
>>
No. 442902 ID: c336e6

waaaaaiiiit a minute...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell,_book,_and_candle

all we need now is a bell.
>>
No. 442905 ID: 2b06f6

>>442902
And 12 priests and a bishop.
Still though, it could be worth looking into.
>>
No. 442908 ID: a4f716

>DEFINITELY read steps 1-8

Keep in mind what happened last time we were in a room lit like this. >:&
>>
No. 442917 ID: d6c330

>all we need now is a bell.
And a vibrating square.
>>
No. 442922 ID: 5d5628

Check the first few pages of the Bible. They may contain the name of its owner, or at least some indication of when it was printed.

>>442852

The sacrifice of female goat is sufficient (Lev. 5:6).
>>
No. 442998 ID: 2b06f6

LEAVE. NOW.
>>
No. 443053 ID: 2fd111

If we are going to take the bible and candle, we will need to drop some stuff, inventory is full.
>>
No. 443063 ID: c7db3d

why'd anyone board up a crack in the wall? this is very suspicious. in a very life-threatening way. get the fuck outta there.
>>
No. 443088 ID: 686046

Inspect the black stuff on the wall. Then see if the door on the other side of the room can be opened.
>>
No. 443094 ID: 6a5a08

>>442908
I think the tinted lighting is fire-light. The furnace, the fire when we first saw the Padre, and now the candle, I believe all had this tinted lighting. What I assume is moonlight from the window in the chapel seemed to be a bluish, dim light. Artificial light is plain white.

Not sure if the assumed moonlight is relevant in any helpful or harmful way (it certainly didn't stop the Beast), but fire is probably not our friend right now, given the ties to the Padre.
>>
No. 443098 ID: 6a5a08

>>443094
If it wasn't clear, that was a +1 to grabbing the bible and candle, then leaving. Drop the check and if possible either carry the lead pipe in your hand or clip the pen to your clothing to free up inventory space. If neither is possible, drop the magnifying glass.
>>
No. 443119 ID: c336e6
File 134497942452.gif - (28.94KB , 701x683 , 446.gif )
443119

Approaching footsteps tell Nan it may have to wait.

A shadow falls over the door.
>>
No. 443120 ID: b85f8c

...hide in cupboard?
>>
No. 443125 ID: 73a070

>>443120
Yes, hide in the cupboard. Try to leave a crack or something so you can see, and don't make any noise.
If it's a baddie, you'll hopefully avoid detection. Hopefully.
If it's a goodie, you can just step out of the cupboard and say you were scared.
>>
No. 443126 ID: 7c97c4

>>443119
>>443120
Are we about to have an Ao Oni moment?
>>
No. 443131 ID: feea89

GLORIOUS CUPBOARD, HOW WE SALUTE THEE.

There are no other good hiding places and going for the Balcony with either the smokemonster or easy access for the Beast will probably shorten our lifespan significantly - even if neither of them can reach that high, the noise they'll make will bring our visitor closer.

OPERATION CUPBOARD IS A GO.

inb4 Amnesia: Dark Descent
>>
No. 443134 ID: 6a1ec2

NARNIA HERE WE COME
>>
No. 443146 ID: 0e0344

Take the front board from the wall to use as a weapon just in case.
Hide in CLOSET
>>
No. 443149 ID: 6a5a08

>>443146
Don't do this, it will tell him someone was in there. Don't disturb anything, just hide.
>>
No. 443161 ID: 948e70

Wait guys, the cupboard is way too obvious!

Hide under the bed instead! I mean whoever it is may open the cupboard, but why check under a bed?

Although either way this is a good way to get trapped, perhaps making a stand might be a better option...
>>
No. 443162 ID: 2fd111

>>443119
I got an idea, but it's a risky one. Leave the check on the table, THEN hide. If they see it, this may prompt an audible reaction from person[s?] coming in, from the sounds we can judge friend or foe. Like I said, it's risky, anyone else willing to take that risk?
>>
No. 443163 ID: 3c7559

Don't touch anything and hide in the cupboard
>>
No. 443171 ID: 59477a

The CUPBOARD is a good hiding spot. Stay silent. Hopefully whoever is coming will not be suspecting anyone to be in the room.

Unless they need to put something in the cupboard, then we're screwed.
>>
No. 443175 ID: 6a5a08

>>443171
Nan will have to be prepped to bolt out under their arm right when they open it and shoot for the door, if that happens.
>>
No. 443211 ID: 6808dd

oh my god you guys
for the love of sweet dicks do not hide in the cupboard
you need to get under the bed. if you have an opportunity to get out it'll be easier to slip out from under the bed unnoticed than to open the cupboard doors, at eye level, and run out - besides, the cupboard is way too obvious.
part of me thinks that maybe there's a secret passage through the cupboard and that would be easier to get out through, but another part of me thinks that an empty cupboard means there is something that the owner of this room regularly removes and then puts back again, meaning there's a high chance that they will open the cupboard to put something away when they get in.
>>
No. 443214 ID: 6a5a08

>>443211
The bed does not appear to have an 'under', from the picture, though that may just be the art. In addition, Nan appears to large to fit, though again, might just be the art. If it's possible I vote for this, otherwise leave everything where it is and hide in the cabinet.
>>
No. 443223 ID: 0011cc

Uh... to pull out the pipe and try to get through combat, or go and hide in the cupboard? My vote is for cupboard. I'm betting it's the Padre come back to read his Bible, and Beast is waiting for its' daily sermon.
>>
No. 443225 ID: 275003

Stand up really straight NEXT to the cupboard. Maybe they won't notice, and you won't get caught if they open the cupboard to put something in it.
>>
No. 443240 ID: f5832c

how about under the shelf? think about it, it seems preety wide and the only light source is right on top of it, macking the shadows underneath darker in comparison to the rest of the room
>>
No. 443259 ID: 900805

I think she should burn the bible, personally. But yeah, she should hide under the shelf.
>>
No. 443270 ID: 3f3ef5

>>442852

To continue or revise this speculation, maybe there's another guest in the hotel we don't know about, and the Padre needs them for the "9" in the marked passages, and then the Pilgrim for the "10" to round out the ritual.

It's be strange if he was focused so much on Nan because she's the goat necessary for the ritual. The fact that they're animals has never been relevant to the plot of the quests.
>>
No. 443281 ID: 900805

>>443270

I thought their species explicitly didn't even matter. Didn't Weaver say something about how he wasn't going to say what species Henry was because the animal characteristics were mainly a way to visually distinguish characters when the art was so simple, or am I misremembering?
>>
No. 443287 ID: c6a601

...has anyone considered ducking back into the chapel? If we're lucky, the Beast is resting and won't notice us, and can maybe be used as a trap for whoever's approaching. If we're unlucky, it immediately eats our face also everything else.

Might be a better idea than the cupboard, if only slightly.
>>
No. 443288 ID: 900805

>>443287

I considered it, but I really don't want to get Nan trapped between two baddies.
>>
No. 443310 ID: a4f716

>>443288

Same. I vote we...

>Hide in the cupboard!!

It's a good idea. :U Hipsters, I swear!
>>
No. 443350 ID: f0ec70

Guys, please keep discussions to the discussions thread.
>>
No. 443358 ID: c6a601

>>443288

Fair enough. Maybe if it's hostile but not pure shadow we can push them into the chapel by way of the cupboard.

Changing vote to Cupboard. Chapel has too much risk for too little gain.
>>
No. 443363 ID: 29eeb9

Nan stare in shock as you see the shadow belongs to none other then Pedro.
>>
No. 443364 ID: 29eeb9

Nan stare in shock as you see the shadow belongs to none other then Pedro.
>>
No. 443371 ID: 37c204

Cupboard... under the bed..
If I'm not stupid..
Maybe hide under that lil dangling table that holds the candle and book? It seems too dark below, so hopefully Nan could fit in and hide there.. I doubt the visitor would notice dark things in the room.
>>
No. 443381 ID: 3c7559

Bust through the door screaming and waving your arms and hope it shocks whatever's coming enough that you'll have time to escape.
Alternatively, get naked and lie on the bed to try and seduce whoever is coming in.
>>
No. 443384 ID: 20bbd2

Put out the candle before you hide. Light offends the monsters that may be coming through the door.
>>
No. 443399 ID: 6a1ec2

The seduction option is a tempting prospect, especially if it's Padre. I mean Pedra. I mean Pedro. But... but Narnia...
>>
No. 443402 ID: 011678

No! dont put out the candel! what ever lives here left it on, so putting it out will imidiatley alert it to your intrusion.
if anything it may be best to duck back behind the curtian, as it seems the beast isnt capable of lifting itself of the ground to any real hight.
>>
No. 443406 ID: 6e44d2

>>443402
Candles go out on their own sometimes. A draft could've put it out.
>>
No. 443412 ID: a24131

Nan, hide under the bed if you can! That way if whoever comes in digs around in the cabinet, you won't be there and remain hidden.
>>
No. 443430 ID: 5215e9

Do <b>not</b> hide in the cupboard. For all we know it could be a portal Torture Town that we might accidentally open. Or fall through when Padre opens it (I'm assuming it's Padre behind the door now). Please, get under the bed, Nan.
>>
No. 443487 ID: 6a1ec2

>>443430

Better listen to this guy. Narnia's in the wardrobe anyway not the cupboard.
>>
No. 443573 ID: b4c6f0

>>443406
it's best not to put out the candle, who knows what light does or not in here
>>
No. 443654 ID: 20bbd2

>>443573

We'd also be harder to notice in the dark. I dunno.
>>
No. 443696 ID: a6d9fb

Put out the candle? Yeah, it's not like there are any windows or anything that someone could see a light going out through...
>>
No. 443728 ID: 948e70

FYI I'm still voting for bed, or at least under the table.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Weaver pulled a "paralyzed by indecision as door opens" though...
>>
No. 443741 ID: c336e6
File 134509620917.gif - (28.45KB , 701x683 , 447.gif )
443741

Nan hurriedly debates her options, but finally leaves the candle burning, the items as they were, and ducks into the closet.
>>
No. 443742 ID: b85f8c

Wait and listen.
>>
No. 443744 ID: c336e6
File 134509672104.gif - (6.56KB , 701x683 , 448.gif )
443744

The doors don't seal flush, leaving Nan with a narrow crack to peer from.

She waits, as quietly as possible.
She barely even breathes.
>>
No. 443746 ID: c336e6
File 134509709246.gif - (8.46KB , 701x683 , 449.gif )
443746

>>
No. 443747 ID: b85f8c

Don't. Move.
>>
No. 443749 ID: f0ec70

Be prepared to bolt for the door under his arm if he looks in the cabinet.
>>
No. 443751 ID: 6a1ec2

PP-P-P-P-P-P--PP
>>
No. 443752 ID: 1f8505

Don't move.
Don't breathe.
Don't even think about moving or breathing.
>>
No. 443759 ID: a24131

If at any time he notices you, whap him with the pipe and take off out the door.
>>
No. 443761 ID: c336e6
File 134509851815.gif - (8.01KB , 701x683 , 450.gif )
443761

>>
No. 443765 ID: 1f8505

>>443761

Continue to not make any noise.
>>
No. 443777 ID: b85f8c

How quietly can we get the lead pipe out?
>>
No. 443778 ID: 6a1ec2

Oh god oh god oh god.
>>
No. 443780 ID: ffd73c

Be careful to keep your breathing quiet and even. Don't move if you can help it and be ready to run at a moment's notice. It's best to wait until the Padre is gone - until we've HEARD the door closed - before we even think of making any movements.

I'd say be careful not to stare at him so he doesn't feel himself being watched, but looking away might yield a crucial moment of vulnerability against Naan if he happens to want to open the cabinet for any reason while she's avoiding looking at him.
>>
No. 443781 ID: 686046

Is it possible to quietly equip the lead pipe?
>>
No. 443798 ID: feea89

Fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.

Stay completely calm and still and watch as covertly as possible. Try to wait for him to leave.
>>
No. 443814 ID: 5ef306

Whelp not much to suggest here. I doubt Nan can take him in a fight and I doubt she can outrun him after climbing out of the closet, talking to him isn't even an option, so it's all down to blind, dumb luck.
Nice knowing you, Nan.

Wait, we got a check. Maybe we can bribe him.
>>
No. 443835 ID: 948e70

FFFfffffff...hi Padre?

Time to prepare for incoming shock disappear reappear right in front of face moment!
>>
No. 443843 ID: 325876

observe him. note where he goes. I wanna follow him.
>>
No. 443853 ID: a4f716

It's okay, guys, he clearly doesn't have ears. :D

>Continue peeking.

Even if he turns our way, he won't see us - the cabinet's shadows will obscure us. We're clearly in a darker place than he...

(dun dun dun!!!)
>>
No. 443920 ID: 802e50

holy fucking shit
do not move
do not pass go do not collect 200$ JUST STAY RIGHT THERE AND WAIT HIM OUT
>>
No. 443932 ID: ebd192

Only one thing can save us! If only I knew what it was...did we have a weapon? The pipe right? Maybe wouldn't hurt to have it readied.
>>
No. 443964 ID: b26249
File 134516016068.gif - (8.19KB , 701x683 , 451.gif )
443964

Nan quietly grips the lead pipe.
>>
No. 443966 ID: b85f8c

He's going to take off his hat? This should be good. Brace yourself.
>>
No. 443968 ID: b26249
File 134516056448.gif - (8.38KB , 701x683 , 452.gif )
443968

>>
No. 443974 ID: a24131

WEAK POINT AQUIRED! GO FOR THE BLOW NAN! RIGHT ON HIS NOGGIN!
>>
No. 443975 ID: 886a4d

>>443974
You... Are... INSANE?!?

Killing him will acomplish nothings. Hes already long dead.
>>
No. 443976 ID: 1f8505

>>443968

Continue to observe very. Very. Quietly.
>>
No. 443978 ID: b85f8c

It kinda looks like he's wearing a burlap sack...
>>
No. 443979 ID: 6a1ec2

>>443978

Oho, so it's not Padre at all. It's just Pedro wearing a burlap sack on his head! Ha ha! Funny joke Pedro! You can take off the sack now! The jig is up! Ha ha. Ha.
>>
No. 443983 ID: f5832c

i think b85f8c is right, there dose seem to be a thread coming off the top of his head.
this would explain something i noticed about the padre, the fackt that in a world of animal people he has a strangley human face
>>
No. 443984 ID: a24131

>>443975
What good is observing going to do? He's just going to look at the book and then probably discover us. Since he doesn't speak he won't mumble to himself or anything and we aren't going to learn anything new.

If we attack maybe we can manage to escape.
>>
No. 443988 ID: b26249
File 134516266462.gif - (9.36KB , 701x683 , 453.gif )
443988

>>
No. 443989 ID: b85f8c

>>443988
Ready yourself to burst out and defend yourself at the first sign of him actually seeing you.
>>
No. 443994 ID: f0ec70

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

Stay calm and don't make eye contact. Be prepared to make a run for it and possibly whack him.
>>
No. 443996 ID: a4f716

>Smile back (I'm pretty sure he's smiling!)
>>
No. 443997 ID: 1f8505

>>443988

BURST OUT OF THE CABINET SWINGING WILDLY
>>
No. 443999 ID: 948e70

*now where did I stash that bitching sacrament wine...*

But seriously, CALLED IT. The cupboard, it does nothing!

Alternatively it's a spook, but keep that pipe handy while trying to stay quiet/still, and be ready to do a dodge roll!
>>
No. 444000 ID: a4f716

Wait... He probably took off his hat in order to hang it up in his wardrobe, which we have mistaken for a cupboard (Narnia is still an option).

>Act like a coatrack
>>
No. 444007 ID: db7431

Stand frozen with fear, hardly daring even to breath...
>>
No. 444013 ID: 45e5cd

Tell a joke to lighten the mood
>>
No. 444016 ID: ffd73c

Just because he's turned towards the cupboard doesn't mean he necessarily is aware there's someone inside. Keep quiet and ready to move if he goes to open the cupboard or, worse, attempts to block it. There's a danger that he might try to trap Naan inside and burn her if he's aware that someone is in there.

When it's time to make a move, aim the pipe for the head then keep running. If Naan strikes first and moves quickly, he won't have time to gather his bearings and make a counter-offensive.
>>
No. 444054 ID: 3a105c

Dudes... I get this feeling the next post would be animated.. leading us to some jump scare whether he's going to turn and look back..
>>
No. 444056 ID: 3a105c

Sack head! I got a feeling that someone we know(or not..) is the Padre.. study the shape of the head quietly while you hold the steel pipe tightly.
>>
No. 444062 ID: 6a5a08

>>444056
It's tall and skinny, everyone else's heads seem to be rounder. Except Santiago's, but his is too long and flat, more like the Pilgrim's skull.
>>
No. 444084 ID: 20bbd2

was he hung?

the padre was accused of some kind of treachery maybe and was killed for it?
>>
No. 444126 ID: 2fd111

>>444056
>>444084

Holy crap, his face isn't stitched shut, it's stitches in the shape of a face on a burlap sack he's wearing....

For the love of God, THE PADRE'S JUST WEARING A MASK! HE COULD BE ANYONE!!
>>
No. 444156 ID: a24131

If Padre is someone wearing a mask, there's a possibility we might know him. I'm sticking to my idea that we WHAP HIM ON THE HEAD AND TAKE OFF THAT SACK

in b4 it's pablo
>>
No. 444162 ID: 435088

Yeah I'm still not too sold on the Padre being killable. Stay quiet and hope he's not looking at YOU specifically.
>>
No. 444192 ID: feea89

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

For now remain calm and silent. If he tries to open the closet, bonk him on the head (hard) with the lead pipe and RUN, RUUUUNNNNN.
>>
No. 444198 ID: 974758

>>444156
>And I would have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for that meddling Nan!
>>
No. 444205 ID: 011678

.....it just struck me, maybe his face looks like a mask beacuse its been exposed to such heat the fat has melted and run..

the jurnal did mention how cold he felt... and he didnt seem to mind bieng set on fire... im more and more conviced that isnt a mask..
>>
No. 444207 ID: 42dd08

Silence and waiting is our best option rn.
At least until he finds out we're there trough some shadowy means (haha wow I am hilarious) and then we're fucked. So wait until another poster has an amazing idea.

I wonder if the padre has actually started to turn into the eldritch abomination or can't see in the dark like normal people...

I guess the only way we can know that is if we blow off the candle.

And hey is there actually nothing inside the cupboard? Is Nan sure she's safe?

So, check to see if cupboard has anything inside as silently as possible and wait.
>>
No. 444209 ID: 42dd08

Wait if my plot prediction skills are still as sharp as ever he's going to shove his face in the candle.

And if he is going to do that it explains why the hotel was on fire when we met him.
Maybe he's linked to the fire somehow?

My best guess is that it's because there was no electric light when the mutations happened.

If that's the case blow out the candle as soon as possible.
>>
No. 444210 ID: feea89

>>444207

We already examined the cupboard when entering the room. Also, /quest-dis/ is thataway: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/4297.html
>>
No. 444211 ID: 42dd08

>>444210
it's very early and I've only right now had my cup of coffee, I'm terribly sorry.
>>
No. 444236 ID: 29eeb9

Discover that it was Nan in the study with the lead pipe!
>>
No. 444294 ID: e32229

Load save game.
Silently realize the gravity of the situation.
>>
No. 444336 ID: 5ee973

Start praying.
>>
No. 444351 ID: 42dd08

>>444336
Like that's going to help at all
>>
No. 444354 ID: d47d32

IT'S ALAN MOTHERFUCKERS
>>
No. 444491 ID: 6feddc
File 134527619282.gif - (8.58KB , 701x683 , 454.gif )
444491

squeak.
>>
No. 444494 ID: 061a93

>>444491
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
>>
No. 444496 ID: aa5df9

>>444491
ARE YOU SERIOUS

Try to shove the mouse out. If Padre was alerted by some kind of sound or movement (and thusly looked into your direction), he... it will think it was just the mouse. Hopefully.
>>
No. 444497 ID: 34cbef

>>444491
kick the doors open, take the hat, run out of the room as fast as you can.
>>
No. 444504 ID: e59c97

>>444491
IT'S ADORABLE.
WE MUST PROTECT THIS MOUSE FROM PADRE.
>>
No. 444509 ID: 6a1ec2

>>444491

NO YOU FOOL PADRE WAS THE MOUSE ALL ALONG
>>
No. 444517 ID: a24131

Is it the same mouse that brought us the can before? If so, it's probably smart. Silently put your finger to your lips while looking at it to indicate that you can't be found.
>>
No. 444518 ID: b85f8c

>>444517
I'll support this plan of action.
>>
No. 444531 ID: c460ad

>>444517
Also supporting this.
>>
No. 444533 ID: 38c7f3

>>444517
I support this, as much for the mouse's sake as ours. Remember that the diary early talked about "vermin"... maybe now is not a good time to have them being noticed.
>>
No. 444534 ID: 6feddc
File 134528587997.gif - (9.86KB , 701x683 , 455.gif )
444534

With the ominous figure already turning toward the cabinet, Nan makes a silent gesture in an attempt to hush the rat.
>>
No. 444537 ID: 38c7f3

>>444534
In case the rat isn't as smart as we think: Prepare for bedlam
>>
No. 444538 ID: a5f39d

Have faith in the rat.
>>
No. 444539 ID: 6feddc
File 134528645786.gif - (10.71KB , 701x683 , 456.gif )
444539

The rat makes no further squeaking, but drops to the ground and scurries away. Nan can't see, but it sounds like it headed out of the room, through the door opposite the balcony exit.

Its departure does not seem to have gone unnoticed
>>
No. 444540 ID: 38c7f3

>>444539
Wait and see how the Padre reacts.
>>
No. 444541 ID: 886a4d

I think you owe that rat your life. Once he leaves grab the candle, the book and book it.
>>
No. 444548 ID: 42dd08

>>444539
Try to light him on fire. Do it.
>>
No. 444569 ID: 8ff502

yeah, DON'T light him on fire. Once he leaves the room, take the book and candle and run.
>>
No. 444576 ID: 214bf9

>>444548
We already tried that once, it didn't work
>>
No. 444581 ID: 948e70

You know, based on Padre's journal and how he referred to his followers as vermin...the whole mouse thing is starting to seem a tad too coincidental to brush off. If anything I think we should be trusting these little guys.

Now with any luck Padre will think the mouse was the only thing in there, and not check. Stay really quiet but have your pipe ready just in case!
>>
No. 444647 ID: a4f716

>Wait for Padre to leave, then look through the window of the door he's going through. Oh, and also sneak a peek at the annotated Bible.

The mouse is going to keep scurrying, and I'll be he's still going to keep chasing it.
>>
No. 444802 ID: 45e5cd

>>444581
>the whole mouse thing is starting to seem a tad too coincidental to brush off.
That's one crazy theory, but sounds good enough to me. Mice are the only guys you can trust now
>>
No. 444816 ID: 27ec98

Sure hope he's not gonna hurt that adorable little bugger.
But hey. Don't look a gift distraction in the mouse.
>>
No. 444821 ID: 42dd08

>>444802
Yeah, mice are everywhere.
The bell, the hole in the wall, now here.
>>
No. 444989 ID: 6a5a08

>>444821
And so far they've notably saved us from Padre and found us food.
>>
No. 445033 ID: d3cada

Should we bolt for it and trust in luck to get away, or stay where we are and trust in luck that he'll just think it was the mouse in the wardrobe?
>>
No. 445076 ID: 42dd08

>>445033
there doesn't seem to be a way out if not trough the door the padre came in. And the piece of the wall we climbed trough fell.
We could close the curtains to the balcony and hide there but there's that monster thing...
>>
No. 445084 ID: d3cada

>>445076
Good Point. So... keep quiet and pray, I guess.
>>
No. 445208 ID: c7c768

>>445084
Nonononono don't pray! He's the padre! He might feel that!
>>
No. 445214 ID: 6a1ec2

Padre prayed until he was blue in the face, and look what good it did him. Don't pray Nan. You don't need whatever this terrible god has to offer you.
>>
No. 445395 ID: 0eddb1

Wait a few minutes, then exit the closet
>>
No. 445408 ID: 967892

>>444539
...light the totem on fire for a burnt offering? equip pipe and run like hell?
>>
No. 445414 ID: 802e50

The mouse might have just saved our lives. Padre leaves to find and kill it, steal bible and candle and run like hell.
If he's chasing us, exit via the balcony. That way, the Beast and the Padre will probably distract each other. I seem to recall that everything fears the beast??
Thank god for rats.
>>
No. 445517 ID: e3bb1a

Wait a bit, then exit cupboard.
>>
No. 445539 ID: c7c768

>>445414
There's only one little problem with that plan. Nan will be the first to hop right at the beast. If only we had a way to make the padre take point...
Still, wait/steal/leave is SO seconded.
>>
No. 445620 ID: ff024e

>>445414

I wouldn't run back towards the beast unless we absolutely have to. Padre came in from the door on the left. Since we know that the area leading back into the Chapel is a dead (literally) end, why don't we go out where the Padre came in, instead? At least that way we might have more room to run around and/or find a good hiding spot and/or find a good weapon to defend ourselves with. Our only options available if we run back to the beast are A) Go out the tiny hole Henry escaped through (which would be nearly impossible), or B) Go through the courtyard, and we're not even sure we can get OUT of the courtyard.

I vote wait a little bit for the Padre to leave and then go out the door on the left, unless we just want to bust out of that closet and run for our lives. Either way: LEFT DOOR LEFT DOOR.
>>
No. 445731 ID: 99b74a

>>445620
I agree with this.

The piece of the wall which nan climbed trough is probably blocking the hole right now anyways... and waiting isn't gonna do shit for us

LEFT DOOR
>>
No. 445763 ID: 948e70

Just don't forget the bible and the candle if possible, I think they'll be important later, along with the totem thing and the connection between the mice if I'm any judge.
>>
No. 445795 ID: 20bbd2

if the padre opens the door, take the bible after he exits and run like hell, if it's a hall, run the direction opposite of him


also knock the candle over and try to burn the hotel down
>>
No. 445897 ID: 0051d7

>>445620
Has a good plan, I'd only add to take the Bible if possible, and since it looks like your inventory is full leave the Strange Totem in the cupboard, we don't need the candle since we still have the flashlight.
>>
No. 445899 ID: cfd2bf

>>445897

we lost the torch in part 3 when we ruined the clock and arrived in the fire room, also LOTS of things can only be done with a candle but not a torch.
>>
No. 445900 ID: 0051d7

>>445899
Last time we checked our inventory we still had the Flashlight as demonstrated here >>438553
So picking up both the candle and the bible would require us to leave behind two items, unless Nan has a quick way of condensing our inventory
>>
No. 445901 ID: b56cce
File 134554498254.gif - (8.75KB , 701x683 , 457.gif )
445901

Nan watches the figure disappear out of sight after the rat, and listens to the sound of receding footsteps growing fainter and fainter.
>>
No. 445917 ID: a4f716

>Quietly open the door, step out and check the book to see what the Padre has written.
>>
No. 445926 ID: cfd2bf

>>445900
oh yeah... we used it on the balcony shadow... bit of a mental blank there.
Anyways use PAYCHECK as bookmark for PADRE'S BIBLE, put KEY in FATHER FRANCIS VELASCO'S JOURNAL, then pick up extinguished CANDLE and BOOKMARKED PADRE'S BIBLE.
>>
No. 445929 ID: 948e70

I second what Leo and Techno suggest, go read whatever new stuff Padre wrote, condense inventory (DO NOT DITCH TOTEM, we haven't used it for anything yet!), and then consider next option.
>>
No. 445950 ID: 2fd111

>>445926
>>445929
Agreed, get moving, quietly.
>>
No. 445970 ID: ebd192

Reading can wait til we're back in the hotel. Put your thumb on the page or something, and then get going.
>>
No. 445977 ID: 45e5cd

>>445901
Play it cool and move as soon as the footsteps are gone
No need to rush nothin'
>>
No. 446016 ID: 054879

grab the book and the candle and get the fuck out of there via the balcony. the whatever-that-was is probably gone by now and you can check on Henry. plus you aren't, you know, <i>following the fucking padre out of there
>>
No. 446112 ID: c03900

I'd wait there a little longer. Never hurts to be cautious, and you don't want to fall for the old fake-receding-footsteps trick.
>>
No. 446149 ID: 8a6faa

LET'S BOOK IT.
>>
No. 446271 ID: b56cce
File 134562877710.gif - (28.30KB , 701x683 , 458.gif )
446271

Nan listens for a moment, waiting.
From the closet, she can see that where the dark figure once stood, some writing has been etched in the wall.
>>
No. 446272 ID: 886a4d

Pipe! Oh god PIPE TO THE HEAD!
>>
No. 446273 ID: b85f8c

>>446271
OH GOD HIT IT WITH THE PIPE
>>
No. 446275 ID: a24131

SOB UNCONTROLLABLY
>>
No. 446282 ID: b56cce

run.
>>
No. 446283 ID: c7dc56

FUCK HIM UP FUCK HIM UP. RIP AND TEAR.
>>
No. 446290 ID: 7c92b4

PIPE OR TOTEM BASH HIS HEAD IN OGHGOD
>>
No. 446294 ID: a24131

Secondary option: plant a big wet one on him and bolt

he'll never see it coming
>>
No. 446296 ID: bf54a8

keep track of his arms. if you can rip off his mask do it.
>>
No. 446298 ID: a4f716

>Play tee-ball, your pipe is the bat.
>>
No. 446299 ID: 3c7559

Seduction is the only option at this point
>>
No. 446301 ID: 3c7559

Give him a wink and begin to take off your clothes in a sexy strip tease.
>>
No. 446302 ID: 214bf9

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFf- Hit him and run! Hit him and run!
>>
No. 446303 ID: 1b4142

Kick the door open on his face. If this gives Nan some space to escape, run. Have the pipe ready in hand in case it doesn't.
>>
No. 446304 ID: 0c2247

Shush! He might not see you!

...

Oh, who am I kidding
"Ye shall know them by their fruits. Matthew 7:16

Where have you lead your flock, shepherd?"

THEN you can flip out, hit him with your pipe, and NOPE the fuck out of there.
>>
No. 446305 ID: ffd73c

adsfasdg[poaihdfgiuhasdgh

WEAVER YOU BASTARD

Which I say with the utmost affection. Well played, well played.

Kick the door open, pipe him in the face, then run. You can always come back for the book and candle. I'd suggest using the candle on him, but, as I recall, we've already established earlier that fire does NOTHING to this thing.
>>
No. 446311 ID: 948e70

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Oh man I was half expecting something like that to happen but still...

KICK OPEN DOOR.

PIPE TO HEAD

FLEE LEFT! (try to snag the bible on way if you can)
>>
No. 446312 ID: 45e5cd

You know what they say:
"Get the fuck outta there bro" - John 10:14
>>
No. 446313 ID: 55da1f

Maybe he hasn't seen you yet! Crouch! Stay still!
>>
No. 446318 ID: a5f39d

AHHHHH. PIPE TIME. HIT HIT HIT HIT.
>>
No. 446322 ID: 4bdb93

PIPE PIPE PIPE
and then run using the exit you thought he was gonna take following the rat and snag the bible on the way out
>>
No. 446339 ID: 2fd111

>>446271
KILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLIT
>>
No. 446351 ID: 0051d7

Wait a minute, did the rat have some sort of card in it's mouth? Maybe it dropped it in front of the cupboard and that's all the Padre is looking at.
The Padre has never taken a subtle approach any time we've seen him. Stay as quiet as possible, barely even breathe, and make sure your pipe is ready just in case.
>>
No. 446358 ID: 1f8505

HIT WITH PIPE THEN RUN LIKE HELL.
>>
No. 446362 ID: 060b31

>>446296

I was under the impression that that's not a mask. *shudder*

But yes, FLIP THE FUCK OUT, NAN!
>>
No. 446374 ID: 09d6de

Flip the fuck out, pipe in hand.
Accidentally bash his face.
Run.
>>
No. 446389 ID: 6a1ec2

Steal his hat!
>>
No. 446395 ID: 9c1eea

"Hi! I know you! What's your name?"
>>
No. 446406 ID: bf9d18

Stay still!!!! he cant see you, no eyes!!! and if all fails. USE THE LEAD PIPE LIKE A STABBING TOOL AND RUN LIKE A HEADLESS CHICKEN.
>>
No. 446418 ID: 5aedb8

Combo move: Hit him with the pipe, knocking him down and/or back. Then, bolt for the exit. We can't stand toe-to-toe with the Padre, but we might be able to get out with the aid of unexpected violence.
>>
No. 446424 ID: 00d768

Quickly, use ability to hum showtunes to turn this eldritch horrorfest into a full-fledged horror musical!
>>
No. 446433 ID: a5a311
File 134568954911.gif - (11.94KB , 701x683 , 459.gif )
446433

Nan kicks the door with all her might and storms out in a fearful, blind panic, lead pipe in hand.
>>
No. 446434 ID: 6a1ec2

There you go Nan. Getting all upset over nothing. See?
>>
No. 446435 ID: a5a311
File 134568969328.gif - (29.36KB , 701x683 , 460.gif )
446435

But the room is silent and empty.
>>
No. 446436 ID: a24131

Take a deep breath and giggle awkwardly at your overreaction.
>>
No. 446438 ID: e3f578

Get mad at this situation
>>
No. 446439 ID: b85f8c

>>446435
Better look around a bit more carefully than that. If the coast is clear look back at the two pages in the bible before the ones you've read already.
>>
No. 446442 ID: feea89

>>443988
>>444491
>>446271

I have to go somewhere for a week and then this happens.

Jesus Christ Weaver, you are persistent in making Nan's subconscious shit her pants at 5AM.

Examine whether anything changed other than the scribbling, then Bible. Candle. Exit, stage left.
>>
No. 446443 ID: 2fd111

>>446438
Agreed, that was some bullshit, that was.
>>
No. 446446 ID: 0051d7

>>446435
Don't let your guard down.
Now let's get that book and roll out.
>>
No. 446450 ID: 4bdb93

Book. Candle. Flee. Nothing else matters aside from staying the fuck silent now that you've made enough noise bursting out of the dresser.
>>
No. 446456 ID: 948e70

...Did Nan just get mind screwed (/time skipped)? Wonder what's up with the writing on wall, appearing out of nowhere then getting scratched out somehow?

Oh well, grab the book and candle and...I'd almost say peak into the chapel before heading left at this point but who knows. The important thing is to move!
>>
No. 446457 ID: 244a7d

This is a BAD room for BAD people, and we are leaving. Take nothing, exit stage right.
>>
No. 446458 ID: 3c7559

Quickly examine the writing on the wall, the bible, and under the bed. Keep the pipe ready and don't let your guard down.
>>
No. 446469 ID: 52a564

knock the cross down
>>
No. 446481 ID: 2073cc

Three possibilities-

One-Leave the room through the balcony? If a time skip has occurred, then the monster that was there is gone, equaling safe passage. Maybe follow Henry through the crawl hole, and meet up with him?

Two-Check the cupboard. No, really, check inside it, behind it, move it if possible cause the cupboard or the wall it covers may have some dark symbols causing you to imagine the Padre. Or, there could be a passage behind it, and I swear to God, not a Narnia joke.

Three-Leave the room through the door the Padre entered. Before leaving this room, look through the glass window to see what lies ahead, and then plan accordingly.

WHILE IN THIS ROOM...
-Examine the bed, including between the matresses and inside the pillowcase-Padre could be hiding a journal there.

-Examine the Bible cover if it slips on and off. Again, Padre could be hiding something important.

-Examine the cross. Read the plaque if possible, and see if anything hidden behind the plaque or the wood.

Oh, preempting the joke, Yes, look at the Padre's wood, hahaha-Shut up. Seriously, see if you take the plaque; if the edges are sharp enough, then use it as a makeshift knife.

-Turn around and examine the fourth wall.
Not this thread, or TV Tropes, or a picture of Linkara, just the wall where the cupboard leans against. If something is there, examine it.

-Collect the pillow as a possible weapon, as a future suffocator against a sleeping enemy, along with curtains to throw over someone from above as a distraction. Collect the Bible if you can lift it. Collect candle last so not in darkness, and accidentally invoke one of the Fear Mythos.
>>
No. 446495 ID: d94e2c

>>446481
Man I like this guy. Do this. Except the pillow. We have a lead pipe and lead pipes make better weapons than pillows.
>>
No. 446497 ID: ece565

Flip through book for any useful information, pocket book, pick up candle, and leave through the set of doors on the left
>>
No. 446513 ID: ffd73c

Thanks to that little outburst, we now have to question whether the Padre was ever there at all, and if he was, if he was still lingering within earshot. There's also the fact that the Beast hasn't broken in during all this time. Stealth, for the moment, has been broken, so we need to first and foremost listen for any other noises and check the window to see if anyone is coming. If there is any sign at all, grab book and candle then bolt as fast as your feet can carry you.

>>446481 has the best plan of action I've heard so far for searching if we can spare the risk (though I will suggest a few tweaks). If it seems like nothing is stirring or immediately coming, then let's take just a few moments for hasty searching.

My vote is to prioritize looking at the scribblings on the wall again and fetching the Bible for later study outside of this room. Check the plaque/hole in the wall (as well as what the black stuff is on the walls), then look to see if there's anything unusual in/around/behind the cupboard.

After that, if it still seems like we're more or less in the clear, check the bed and behind the curtains. Save the candle grabbing for when Nan is leaving, as we don't know what messing with the light source is going to do.

I vote also to scratch bringing the pillow along, as I doubt we'll ever have the chance to come across a sleeping enemy. Plus, there are pillows for this in the other rooms.

No matter what, make sure to keep the pipe on hand at all times during any and all searching because we don't know when something is coming in. Be ready to flee for our lives at any time.
>>
No. 446572 ID: 17a59e

>>446513
Well, the scribbles are new... Which doesn't confirm anything, does it?

>>446481
I agree with thoroughly searching the room now the coast is clear.

Also try and find the rat (did it go through the door on the left or is it still in the room?). It's clearly intelligent to a degree (having stayed quiet when Nan said so) so it might be useful. Also rats are adorable.

After that, go back to the balcony. The only thing that blocked the hole Henry crawled through was a pew - he could easily make his way back, trying to find Nan. Even if the room is completely trashed and there's no way for Nan to get down (on that note: bed sheets - they could be tied to the balcony railings and lower herself down to the lower level) or Henry to get up they could communicate. Then perhaps they could both search the door on the left together, which would be much safer.
>>
No. 446573 ID: 948e70

>>446481

Okay, these are all good, presuming nothing happens like Padre/Pilgrim popping up for real.

If there is *time* to, check the plaque/cupboard/bed/take bible.
>>
No. 446673 ID: 0cb736

Peek through the door where the padre went through, or check to see if the evil monster is gone.
>>
No. 446744 ID: 2a621f

Go back to the balcony and find out that YOU where the Mystery Person all along, Nan! After looking about the room and stuff of course...
>>
No. 446758 ID: 7cce67

Meet up with the others! There's some nutter in a scarecrow mask running around with threats of sacrifice by fire and blood, for the love of it all!
>>
No. 446827 ID: e9130b

yeah maybe don't take the pillow with you, but check to see if there's anything underneath it
>>
No. 446861 ID: 2fd111

Hmm, that pillow, is it a straw pillow befitting of a 19th century man... er thing? What I'm trying to ask is; does it have a pillow case? If it does, can Nan take it and either A: Use it a napsack for 2+ more invetory spaces, we do have a full inventory and want to take the candle and Bible still right? Or B: Can Nan tap in to her inner MacGuiver and combine the pillowcase, totem (or first item of weight we come across), and lead pipe to create a deadlier weapon? Other suggestions for filling; the remains of a broken vase/lamp, marbles (or other stuff small but weighty in numbers), clocks , phones , glass(iff the material is strong enough), the severed heads of enemies, foods stuffs, etc... Upon futher thought it could be both be a weapon AND and extension of our inventory if it's content is strong enough to withstand swinging and bashing.
>>
No. 446871 ID: 2fd111

>>446861
One more thing, the discribed combination could make either a flail OR mace (which the totem is ideal shape for). Thought I needed to point that out.
>>
No. 446878 ID: e9130b
File 134579500120.gif - (3.79KB , 701x683 , 461.gif )
446878

Nan checks the room thoroughly, but if anyone was here, they're gone now.
The bed is old, and there's nothing under it, or under the pillow, which has no case.

Nan checks the BIBLE.
It seems something has changed, indeed.
>>
No. 446879 ID: 90c494

>>446878
Goddamn Bible DRM. Ever since the Faith For Cultists Live update these errors are happening left and right.

Take it and go.
>>
No. 446882 ID: 1f8505

>>446878

Take bible. Exeunt.
>>
No. 446883 ID: 2fd111

>>446878
Nudge it.

Also make a mental note to take the pillowcase off of the next pillow you find.
>>
No. 446886 ID: 0051d7

>>446878
Take the bible anyway, we might be able to find a way to read it again.
>>
No. 446887 ID: e9130b

"captain... this is some spooky shit we got here."

if we take it, i figure one of two things: it will come in handy, or something horrible will happen. either way, i say go for it
>>
No. 446889 ID: e9130b
File 134579729591.gif - (31.46KB , 701x683 , 462.gif )
446889

Nan cannot take the BIBLE or the CANDLE. Her inventory is full and she cannot carry anymore, even in her bulky overalls.
>>
No. 446891 ID: b85f8c

>>446889
Ah forget it. Let's just go out.

Not sure why we have the magnifying glass, now.
>>
No. 446892 ID: b3297e

I think it is time we ask ourselves if we really need to keep the torch around. I know it's comforting and everything, but we keep hearing that light is not a good thing in here. Then again... The bible doesn't seem all that useful either.
Eh. Stick with what you have and leave through the door.
>>
No. 446894 ID: 888f88

>>446889

Discard check; Take bible.
>>
No. 446896 ID: 0051d7

>>446889
Place check inside journal to condense inventory space, take the bible.
>>
No. 446897 ID: fc73b2

>Anyways use PAYCHECK as bookmark for PADRE'S BIBLE, put KEY in FATHER FRANCIS VELASCO'S JOURNAL, then pick up extinguished CANDLE and BOOKMARKED PADRE'S BIBLE.
>>
No. 446902 ID: cfd2bf

>>446894

the check obviously has SOME value otherwise it would have disappeared in the first space/time/other jump, may as well keep all the items by placing the key and check inside the books, as suggested earlier,
>>446897
>>>445926
>>
No. 446907 ID: e9130b

Nan cannot combine inventory items in that way.
>>
No. 446912 ID: b85f8c

Guys, the bible now has black pages. It's useless for every purpose we could use it for- it's not even really a bible anymore, just a book filled with black pages. Let's leave it behind, seriously.
>>
No. 446916 ID: ffd73c

Guys! Shadow on the window in the door! I think our searching time is up. Nan, I think it's time to abscond. Forget the Bible and candle for now until inventory slots are freed up. If there's someone outside the door (like the Padre) then it's time to see if the balcony is an option and quick.
>>
No. 446918 ID: e9130b

maybe a quick review of what we're carrying is in order?

it's been a couple years
>>
No. 446919 ID: 0051d7

Forget the bible time to leave
>>
No. 446925 ID: 6a1ec2

The option to pose sexily on the bed is still out there. Just wanted to make sure you knew.
>>
No. 446951 ID: 0051d7

>>446902
Well duh the check has value, monetary value. We're not gonna get through this and not get paid.
If we don't get paid, we still have to find another job to do tomorrow.
Feel free to call me lazy, because I am, but I'd cling to that check unless my life depended on giving it up, because we're going to need a day off after all this bullshit is over.
>>
No. 446959 ID: 948e70

>>446896
>>446907
Okay ditch check for bible or don't(btw we're going to have to use some of this stuff eventually), but I think it's time TO ABSCOND before shadow enters the room. Exit stage right, and hide on the balcony!

Annnd risk the beast but hey, priorities (Even if the shadow is a friendly we can peak through curtains to check behind us)
>>
No. 446964 ID: 17a59e

We don't need both the torch and the candle really. Besides Nan doesn't have any matches.

The Bible pages might come back. Must be a reason why they were there earlier.

Still say we should take the bedsheets and make a rope down in the room on the left.

Need to check the wood/hole in the wall. Anything underneath the Bible or the candle?
>>
No. 446966 ID: 2073cc

Can you HOLD the candle in your hand without breaking inventory? Not sarcasm; can you do this?
>>
No. 446996 ID: 1f8505

Discard pen, take bible.
>>
No. 446997 ID: 1e72ae

We should discard the pen and bring the candle. (the padre isn't the only religious person/thing in the hotel, there is a good chance we can find another bible and we have no guarantee that this one can ever be repaired. We haven't seen any other candles, and since the house actively shuns light emitting devices, this is probably the only one we'll find)
>>
No. 447011 ID: 0051d7

>>446996
>>446997
The pen is the only writing utensil we have, we might want to write something down or leave a note for someone. I mean we have a journal with a lot of white space in it.
>>
No. 447012 ID: 054879

Use the pen as a bookmark for the padre's journal. This will free up one space in the inventory for you to pick up the bible. Use the check as a bookmark for the bible, which frees up the final space for you to put the candle.

That way if you do have to leave a hasty note, everything you need will be in one inventory slot.
>>
No. 447044 ID: feea89

>>446889

SOMEONE'S AT THE DOOR FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK

But the shadow is different. Seems vaguely Pedro'ish (or perhaps Henrylike), so it might not be a baddy this time.

Still, we can't be sure of that, and the room just presented class-A major mindfuckery on us. If possible, CONDENSE INVENTORY using the method described above and pocket the Bible and Candle, then dive for the cupboard again. If not, just the cupboard will do for now.
>>
No. 447084 ID: 5d5628

Nan, the fact that somebody arrives at the room whenever you're considering pocketing the bible is a sign that you should leave that bloody book alone.

>>447012
>>447044

It bears repeating that we can't condense the inventory.
>>
No. 447092 ID: e9130b

kick the door open. if it's somethin' scary, sprint while they're on their ass. if it's one of your peeps then they shouldn't be creepin', but you should still probably apologize.
>>
No. 447107 ID: 0eddb1

drop the check. You don't need it anymore.
>>
No. 447129 ID: 3c7559

We don't need the bible or the candle because the pages of the bible are illegible and we have a flashlight. This is The Padre's room. Do we really need to give him any more of a reason to want to kill us by taking his stuff?

Don't take anything and be prepared to fight whatever's on the other side of the door.
>>
No. 447175 ID: 2073cc

Okay, two ways to respond to the door...

A-If the figure has seen you, rush. More accurately, use the lead pipe to smash the glass window and yell "Who are you?" crazily. The surprise of your behavior will throw it off guard, plus breaking the window will allow you to see who it is. If it is a friend, relax guard. If it is a foe, back off, and throw the bible at its head or crotch. Then hold hostage for interrogation.

B-If you have seen the figure first, but it has not seen you, then move out of the candlelight and to the left side of the door, along the wall with the cupboard against it. Wait for figure to move away or enter the room.
If it is a friend, introduce yourself.
If it is a foe, ambush with lead pipe either on top of head or in between legs from behind.

And I know you laugh, but this is a valid tactic. Otherwise, it would not have been so effective on Gamzee, would it? Yeah, thought so.
>>
No. 447186 ID: 5eae6c

I think I agree with the 'forget the bible' for now thing but am unsure we should ditch the candle. switch the check for it maybe. Either way, I also think we should hide behind balcony curtain if possible.
>>
No. 447189 ID: 6a1ec2

I have to caution you guys that these ...things lurking around this hotel have supernatural powers. Avoiding confrontation might be advisable in any case. Blind attack just can't be the way to fix the electricity in this place.
>>
No. 447253 ID: 7b984f

>>447129

Seconded. Plus, carrying around a candle could attract unwanted attention. You can't readily turn it off, like you can with a flashlight.
>>
No. 447285 ID: 244a7d

Oh, yes, let's be sure to take all of Padre's things, even though they could literally not be more useless to us at this current moment as far as we know. This is such a good plan I can't POSSIBLY think of anything that will go wrong!

/sarcasm

Don't touch anything, back away from door, equip pipe. If possible, step into shadows behind cupboard or whatever, if it's set next to the wall and not a part of it.
>>
No. 447302 ID: 54c7e5

Set Bible on fire with Candle. Padre's been nothing but evil from what I can gleen of the past and it looks like his book has some sort of conduit to him that he can at the very least see through and write through, petty property destruction has never been more warranted.
>>
No. 447305 ID: 060b31

Guys, the door, he's at the DOOR! Get out of there, Nan! Hide! Something!
>>
No. 447312 ID: a24131

Get a headache from all this indecision, and just exit the room as is.
>>
No. 447342 ID: a5f39d

I think weaver is trying to tell us that the bible is useless. We already have a flashlight, and the cheque seems important since it has yet to disappear from us. Just yield the pipe and exit.
>>
No. 447355 ID: 3c7559

Leave via the balcony. I think we've been sufficiently warned to get out of this room what with the blackened bible, wall scribbles, and horrible black death oozing from the walls and what not.
>>
No. 447380 ID: e9130b
File 134589510124.gif - (29.53KB , 701x683 , 463.gif )
447380

Nan is so focused on managing the items on the desk, she barely notices the figure behind the door until it has begun to open.

Left with little time and distracted from immediate concerns, Nan steps back out of the candlelight and brandishes her LEAD PIPE.
>>
No. 447381 ID: e9130b
File 134589548533.gif - (18.57KB , 701x683 , 464.gif )
447381

"Nan."
>>
No. 447383 ID: 0c2247

>>447381
"Oh, hello. What was the last conversation we had?"
>>
No. 447387 ID: e9130b

hit 'im.
>>
No. 447389 ID: a6222a

>>447383
"Just checking because time seems to do weird things around here"

"Also, what partof the hotel does that door goes to?"

We might be near to the place we have the key for? Mayhaps it would be interesting to ask him what happened after we last saw him.
>>
No. 447391 ID: bf54a8

"what was the last thing i told you to do?"
>>
No. 447396 ID: feea89

>>447381
I'm getting better at this \o/ .

Check his identity with one of the questions suggested earlier, then... hm.

On one hand, we've just had some (very) strong suggestions that we should leave the Padre's items alone, on the other, the Excommunication idea was so far the best one we've had. With Pedro here, we could offload some stuff on him... but it's a bit hard to muster the trust now that he seemingly popped into the Padre's room for no obvious reason.

Ah screw it, just check his identity for now.
>>
No. 447408 ID: 686046

"Where have you been?"
>>
No. 447418 ID: 4bdb93

Ask where he's been and why he left Anna since they were shiftbuddies. If his answers are satisfactory then try to get him to take the bible and the candle
>>
No. 447420 ID: f0ec70

Ask him why he's here and where he got that hammer from. Don't let go of the pipe.
>>
No. 447427 ID: 4fc357

"Ok, I've got a pipe, you've got a hammer. Seems even. What say we both lower our weapons at the same time?"
>>
No. 447428 ID: 4fc357

>>447427
Wait, I mean axe, not hammer.
>>
No. 447431 ID: ffd73c

Let's try and be careful not to act suspicious or antagonistic. Inform Pablo that we saw the Padre and the Beast nearby and to keep his guard up. That will allow Nan to keep wielding the pipe without giving him an excuse to be suspicious, since I have a feeling he's not going to lower his axe any time soon anyway. Not to mention those two entities are still a very real threat right now so discarding weapons might not be a good idea.

After that, ask Pablo what happened since he and Nan were last together and then tell him what's been going on in kind. What we saw in that place with the bleeding Nan painting was terrifying, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he's out to kill us. We also don't know how much of the strange things we see is time travel or illusions (see Kim in the furnace). The longer we can keep things on friendly terms, the better. The last thing we need is for the hotel to play with our paranoia and sense of reality to have us turn on allies.
>>
No. 447465 ID: 1f8505

>>447381

"Hello Pablo! Uh... why do you have a fire axe?"
>>
No. 447469 ID: 0eddb1

Say hello, but be cautious. Keep the pipe out.
>>
No. 447477 ID: 0051d7

Give Pablo the Totem with his name on it. Tell him we didn't know he was an artist.
>>
No. 447507 ID: 8e9197

Ask Pablo what happened to him/Anna while they were asleep. Ask him if he saw Padre on way in, and where he has been. Contemplate showing him the totem, but above all else REMAIN A BIT CAUTIOUS before he acts, remember the creepy dream!
>>
No. 447508 ID: 8e9197

Oh...and maybe ask him where his shirt is? (presuming he's barechested as he looks, hard to tell with that picture)
>>
No. 447526 ID: a24131

I wouldn't be *too* suspicious of Pablo. During the weird dream sequence, his dialogue didn't seem to suggest that he killed Nan, but rather, he made a mistake that he deeply regretted that lead to her death.

Tell him to be careful of the Padre, and they should both be on guard and get out of there before he comes back. Also yes, asking why he left Anna sounds good, but it can probably wait a bit until they're in a safer place.
>>
No. 447567 ID: 395a8b

Trade weapons with Pablo
>>
No. 447571 ID: 4ad115

>>447477
Seconding this. Show Pablo the totem and let him keep it if he wishes to to free up an inventory space.

Ask Pablo if it's possible or advisable to return to the hotel from the direction he's come; we don't know why he's brandishing the axe, it could just be a precaution but he could be fleeing something. And seconding people above, ask him what happened with his shift with Anna.
>>
No. 447579 ID: 2fd111

Make a mental note of how best to quickly remove the bedsheet for a distraction. If this gets bad, it would be best to know how get to the other side of him. Getting cornered over the balcony is to be avoided if it can be.
>>
No. 447636 ID: a4f716

>Be wary. Pablo doesn't really seem all that happy to see us. Ask about his immediate intentions.
>>
No. 447639 ID: 023519

>>447477
>>447507
These. Show him the Totem and ask what happened with him and Anna.
>>
No. 447658 ID: 20fa92

holy shit Pablo, don't scare me like that!!
>>
No. 447662 ID: 45e5cd

>>447381
It's probably not him
Don't trust him and prepare yourself
>>
No. 447756 ID: 1e7d43

>>447507
And remember the (possibly) fake Kim from the furnace.
>>
No. 447758 ID: 79ed47

Ya know what?

Let's be spontaneous. We haven't seen him in awhile so..Why don't ya go ahead and just...Punch him in the face? See what happens?
>>
No. 447766 ID: 88d4ea

WOW OKAY getting some wicked creepy vibes off of Pablo right now. Don't lower the pipe, whatever you do. He doesn't look surprised to see us, at all, and that's... well, we should put off worrying about the figment!Padre we may or may not have just seen, and focus on the situation at hand.

>Ask if Pablo has been expecting us. His blank stare is really unsettling, jesus.
>>
No. 447786 ID: cfd2bf

cue massive Pablo demon/Padre reveal on 466.gif
>>
No. 447791 ID: 54c7e5

Still thinking we should set the bible on fire.

Only now we throw it at Pablo and run.
>>
No. 447804 ID: 6a1ec2

Just. Run.

Don't try anything fancy Nan. Just run as fast as you can, jump off the balcony if you have to, and don't look back. Run.
>>
No. 447873 ID: f31dac

Can we still hum showtunes? Might be a good time to check on that.
>>
No. 447914 ID: 5eae6c

...does anyone else get the feeling we're about to find out the reason Pablo was sobbing and why that er...Nan stain had a chunk missing out of her head?

I've got a bad feeling that that dream sequence was foreshadowing now...
>>
No. 448104 ID: aebbb3

>>447914
the chunk was in the same place that the blood outlines appeared in after she looked at herself in the broken mirror, so I wouldn't be too worried about him.
>>
No. 448309 ID: 8e9197

>>448104

Which is quite worrying on it's own, even if it's not connected to this particular moment.
>>
No. 448317 ID: a868bd

Beat him in the head and stand over his body with a pose of triumph!
>>
No. 448362 ID: 8ff502

Be wary of him, but ask him why he's here.
If things go bad, use the pipe.
Also I'm seconding humming some showtunes.
>>
No. 448624 ID: 570172

Coquettishly: "Is that an axe in your hands or are you just happy to see me?"
>>
No. 448646 ID: 3c7559

Don't lower the pipe. Tell him it's dangerous here and he should be on his guard. Be friendly, don't give him a reason to suspect you of anything or to smack you with the axe.
Then ask what happened with Anna.
>>
No. 448663 ID: 59a5f4
File 134614647761.gif - (15.04KB , 701x683 , 465.gif )
448663

Nan hits Pablo with the lead pipe.
>>
No. 448671 ID: 6a1ec2

NAN NO. RUN, DON'T. NO. STOP NAN.
>>
No. 448674 ID: 34cbef

huh, must be time to kill pablo- welp keep swinging til he's dead.
>>
No. 448676 ID: 59a5f4
File 134615110462.gif - (13.99KB , 701x683 , 466.gif )
448676

"I didn't mean to frighten you, I'm sorry.

I'm sorry for everything."
>>
No. 448679 ID: ef5406

Huh...considering only one or two people talked about hitting Pablo as opposed to the majority suggesting just to talk to him, I'm not sure Nan is willing to listen to us at the moment.

Still, as crazy as it sounds, try to keep talking to Pablo and asking the questions suggested earlier. If it gets too dangerous, the balcony seems our only means of escape at the moment.
>>
No. 448680 ID: feea89

GODDAMMIT NO NAN CONTROL YOUR SWINGING ARM

Now we'll NEVER be sure if it really is Pablo or some fucked up doppelganger conjured up by the hotel. Also our only route of escape is now blocked by facesfacesfaces, probably called forth by 'causing ripples' as Santiago calls it.

Pull Pablo into the room out of reach from the facesfacesfaces, but keep your pipe at the ready and, if possible, slam the door.
>>
No. 448681 ID: 0c2247

>>448676
"BEHIND YOU!"
>>
No. 448685 ID: 59a5f4

new rule: -1 point every time someone types any variation of "welp" "what." or "ffffuu"
>>
No. 448687 ID: 214bf9

Grab his arm, save him!
>>
No. 448688 ID: 34cbef

grab his axe to "save" him. we need a weapon upgrade
>>
No. 448689 ID: ef5406

Seconding pulling Pablo in and slamming the door behind him. It seems like a risky move considering how unpredictable Pablo is right now, but it is important we get more info from him. And we don't really have anywhere to go at this point anyway.
>>
No. 448695 ID: a24131

Yank him in there with you before it's too late and barricade the door!! You may be suspicious of him but he hasn't done anything hostile to you and really seems to like you gosh dang it! And then tell him to help you push the cabinet in front of it because THINGS want to come in behind him.

...Plus if he dies, my dream of a Pablo/Nan/Henry love triangle will be horribly squashed, and I just really don't want that to happen.
>>
No. 448707 ID: cd9b28

Forgive him, Nan.
>>
No. 448725 ID: 948e70

>>448681
>>448707

Consider these two but...you know I've got a feeling the dark things are following him in, considering they don't seem to be directly attacking him or anything.

He's probably tipped over the crazy scale a bit. So while you're forgiving/warning him to get in and shut door get ready for some serious running action.

Actually if possible, ask him WHAT you are forgiving him for and SHINE THE LIGHT TOWARDS HIM/THE MONSTERS(IT SCARES THE MONSTERS), might get some exposition or well...freakouts. I feel like we're going to be making use of that totem soon.
>>
No. 448726 ID: 948e70

>>448725

Oh wait, got it together:

FORGIVE him WHILE SHINING FLASHLIGHT AT DOORWAY and WARNING HIM to get in/shut door/here there be monsters.

Try to work in an apology for hitting him with a lead pipe *possibly* while asking exactly WHAT IS HE SORRY FOR besides scaring you.
>>
No. 448737 ID: 060b31

I agree with the forgiveness bid. It worked with Santiago. But keep your guard up, Nan! Forgiveness =/= naivete!
>>
No. 448779 ID: 81b312

are you guys out of your fucking minds

maybe take a look at that picture again (and the picture # for that matter)

I'M PRETTY SURE HE KNOWS ABOUT THE MONSTERS.

dude is not all right. in fact, this seems to me like "pablo +3 guests". we had a nightmare about this guy covered in blood. and now it's time to go. if we're going to "forgive" him let's do it over our shoulder while getting the fuck out at max. possible velocity
>>
No. 448789 ID: ef5406

Now just because the scene is pretty dangerous doesn't mean we can take some initiative instead of running away from everything, especially since we need to know what is going on with Pablo and we might as well give him a chance.

Separating him from those monsters behind him would be a good thing to try if we can.
>>
No. 448815 ID: b85f8c

>>448676
Back away to the balcony while demanding answers. WHAT DID HE DOOOOOO
>>
No. 448840 ID: 2073cc

Agreed. Back away toward the balcony while trying to figure out if he is still sane or not.
>>
No. 448855 ID: bf9d18

well....there goes Pablo
>>
No. 448860 ID: a868bd

I did not see a pose of triumph.But I do see creepy monsters. RUN LIKE HELL NAN RUN USE YOUR AMAZING GOAT POWERS BE THE GOAT NAN BE THE GOAT!!!!!
>>
No. 448926 ID: d94e2c

Well, Idon't know whether to run or to drag him in, BUT I do know that if you do drag him in with you, for the love of god, drag him in by his axe arm.
>>
No. 448934 ID: 3c7559

Tell him that only God can give forgiveness and then burn a cross into his arm with the candle while loudly humming showtunes
>>
No. 448952 ID: 79ed47

Crap. Whether he's letting those things in or backing INTO them just...

Nan. You have to help him; you have to APOLOGIZE. Explain that you've gone through a lot and he just STARTLED you...But don't let him go this way.

You can ask him what he's so sorry about later. But, if he is letting those things in and has gone crazy than just...Ask him why. Ask him what's happened. There has to be some answers here.
>>
No. 449015 ID: ffd73c

I agree with the idea that these things have been following him, but Nan might want to try and save him anyway. The rats did help him before too, so he might not be beyond salvation. It seems like he was warped by the hotel like Santiago.

If Pablo is within arm's reach, then Nan should grab him (by the weapon arm) and pull him in while giving warning. If he's further back then that then it'd be better (if cruel) to back away while shouting the warning and readying for combat. Part of me wants to suggest apologizing as well if we can fit it in, but at the same time, I have a feeling that the hit was justified frustration on Nan's part so she'd be better off not backing down if that's the case, telling him that whatever he's doing he needs to STOP before the hotel consumes him too. Emphasize that she doesn't want to see that happen to him. She wants them all to leave together.
>>
No. 449033 ID: 1e7d43

Tackle Pablo out of the way. If the shadows keep coming in, get up and try to shut the door. If they don't, just lie there for a minute. Between all the scares you've just been through and the adrenaline that's no doubt pumping in your veins, you've spent these last few minutes in perpetual terror. Your body can't take that, not to mention your mind. Take a minute and just let it all out. Cry a little, if it helps, and hold on to Pablo for a bit. He understands what this place can do to people--he shouldn't object while you take a moment or two to get yourself together.

And don't forget: Tackle Pablo. Fastest way to get him to safety.
>>
No. 449059 ID: 6a1ec2

KISS HIM YOU FOOL
>>
No. 449068 ID: fc73b2

Why exactly did nan just hit him with the pipe? that didn't seem like the general consensus.
>>
No. 449076 ID: feea89

>>449068

>>/questdis/59441
>>
No. 449235 ID: 410d41

Hold the candle in one hand, pull him in, shut the door. Also apologize for leadpiping his head, and disarm him.
>>
No. 449396 ID: 2073cc

>>449235

DO THIS. This is the most sensible thing to do right now. Please.
>>
No. 449410 ID: 0faf86

Remember what happened with Kim and the furnace? This might be the hotel trying to trick you again. Stand away from him!
>>
No. 449455 ID: 7f2d33

Save his ass. He needs to live to see our best Ninja impression.
>>
No. 449467 ID: 948e70

I feel like I need to point this out again:

WE HAVE A FLASHLIGHT

THE REGULAR DARK CREATURES SHY AWAY FROM LIGHT!
>>
No. 449518 ID: ffd73c

>>449467

Anonmass has a point. The chaotic result of shining light on things might be the most expedient solution right now to saving Pablo and Nan from the things trying to get in.
>>
No. 449534 ID: ef5406

Not sure if shining the light would be a good thing, actually, considering the last time we tried that was in Henry's room. Shining the light on it just caused weird time/dimensional shenanigans. Still, if it gets bad and there is no escape, then shining the flashlight would be a good last resort.
>>
No. 449662 ID: 850c56

I repeat, don't use the flashlight!!! Instead, we should continue to attack or fend off pablo and try to make a hasty escape, if we can.
>>
No. 449826 ID: 6a5a08

Flashlight +1
>>
No. 449872 ID: 00fd65
File 134638814549.gif - (68.94KB , 701x683 , 467.gif )
449872

There is a rush.
There is a storm.

Things happen very quickly. Nan rushes at Pablo, fearful for his safety but wary of his potential state of mind. She grabs him by the arm that holds the axe, to draw him in and prevent an attack.
He struggles.
They clash.

>"Nan, let go! They're coming! Don't you understand?! I need this!"

[animated]
>>
No. 449877 ID: 09a2fd

Push him off to the side with all your might and shut that damn door.
>>
No. 449879 ID: 00fd65
File 134638878037.gif - (13.04KB , 701x683 , 468.gif )
449879

Nan shouts. Behind you, Pablo.

Pablo shoves Nan back with his foot. Stumbling back, Nan suddenly turns on the flashlight, pointing it at the dark figures behind Pablo.

In an instant, they're gone. A familiar glare starts to fill the room, going white.

But Pablo's eyes widen. He shakes.
Rears back.
"No, Nan!"
>>
No. 449881 ID: 09a2fd

Turn the flashlight off! It seems every time you point it at one of the creatures (or turn on any light near them in general) it instigates the glare.
>>
No. 449886 ID: 00fd65
File 134638921407.gif - (11.41KB , 701x683 , 469.gif )
449886

Pablo lunges. "It's behind YOU!"
>>
No. 449887 ID: 00fd65
File 134638927853.gif - (1.12KB , 701x683 , 470.gif )
449887

Once again

everything goes white
>>
No. 449890 ID: 00fd65
File 134638942513.gif - (4.05KB , 701x683 , 471.gif )
449890

"Don't you hear the bells?

It's time."
>>
No. 449892 ID: 00fd65
File 134638948585.gif - (4.65KB , 400x400 , icon.gif )
449892

End, Part 6
>>
No. 449893 ID: 948e70

>>449879
>>449886

...Well hey at least Pablo seems pretty sane still?

And we get another flashback/mindscrew thing!

So...hey profit?
>>
No. 449895 ID: cfd2bf

weaver you magnificent bastard...
>>
No. 449898 ID: cfd7b3

I told you guys it wasn't Pablo's fault! Geez.
>>
No. 449919 ID: feea89

>>449886
*piddles self*

Well, at least for now we're safe. Sort of.
Godspeed Weaver :salute: .
>>
No. 449920 ID: 1f8505

Now to wait impatiently.
>>
No. 449934 ID: 87f475

PART 6 IS DONE. YEY.
>>
No. 450100 ID: 0eddb1

Let's hope we don't have to wait another effing year for the next part.
>>
No. 450239 ID: 1e7d43

>>450100
Easy, fella. He's held up his end of the bargain pretty well so far. No need to get snappy.
>>
No. 450616 ID: e9be12

nan is getting married
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password