[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 397242)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 41599 unique user posts. View catalog

File 133315962778.png - (214.88KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard73.png )
397242 No. 397242 ID: f72f26

over two thousand lives were placed in my trust.
I was their guardian.
I was to protect them.
I broke that trust.
Now I listen to the screams of my kinsmen, hundreds already dead.
One way or another I will make sure this never happens again.


Discussion
http://quest.lv/kusaba/questdis/res/335842.html
first thread
http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/275888.html
Expand all images
>>
No. 397243 ID: f72f26
File 133315969466.png - (245.45KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard74.png )
397243

I am Star Gladiator Pelendina once pupil to the renown Master Sergeant Magmatharius Gore.
Gore is now dead, slain by my hand for treachery, what remains of his squad now looks to me for guidance and leadership.

Our trials are not over A creature is loose on our ship, unaccounted for. I've linked into the public com channel to find the creature but all I've heard are the tormented screams of those being slaughtered by it's horrifying minions in the Starboard hub.

The activation hum of my RayTech Disintegrater gun breaks me away from the hypnotic screams.

Kimb: oh good, you got the Disintegrater running . . . "

Zane: "Yes, is the impact shield ready? . . . Kimb is something wrong?"

Kimb: "uh never mind, Koza wanted to speak to you he told me your channel is overloaded for some reason.

Zane: "what does he need?"

Kimb: "he wanted to talk to you specifically, sounds like bad news."
>>
No. 397246 ID: c6beb3

Open a private comlink with Koza, did you establish a new second in command as you have assumed Gore's position?

What is the situation with the colonists? How is the evacuation going?
>>
No. 397251 ID: ed57e8

turn off public, turn on koza
>>
No. 397255 ID: d5ee6f

>>397243
Is the glorious hair safe?
>>
No. 397399 ID: f72f26
File 133321585468.png - (226.14KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard75.png )
397399

>Is the glorious hair safe?
Nizk got hurt pretty bad from that explosion,she'll survive but she's lost her left arm and it'll take a week or longer to grow that back, until then she'll be out of action

>did you establish a new second in command as you have assumed Gore's position?
Koza has taken command of Inferno team, he is now my second.

>What is the situation with the colonists? How is the evacuation going?
It's not, with the perimeter breached there are no secure locations on the ship, I've ordered all colonists to seal the doors to were ever they are, hopefully this will give them time enough for us to get this situation under control.

>turn off public, turn on Koza

Zane: "Koza, what do you need?"

Koza: "if you remember there were waves of radiation beating into our shields"

Zane: "did you find out the source?"

Koza: "No, I'm going to be needing Kimb's help for that. While scanning I discovered something else though, on the very edge of our scanner field there are a number of alien vessels; Solar judging from the signatures. Looks like they're trying to hide outside of scanner and weapon range.
>>
No. 397401 ID: c6beb3

>>397399
Well fuck.

See if there's any way to arm the civilians and/or take volunteer militia, we need to take that creature down ASAP. We need every available armed person for this bughunt.

The best way to do this is probably by trying to take back one of the docking bays and start loading civvies onto the shuttle, both as an evacuation measure and using them as bait to draw out the tech-leech/the tech leech's minions. If we can just lock down the area and put up defensive positions, well, we might just be able to solve this crisis in time to deal with the solar ships.
>>
No. 397402 ID: a1d7ad

We can't afford fighting them as well as the creature at the same time. Can we move away from them?
>>
No. 397426 ID: d5ee6f

>>397399
Message them. Tell them you've got a zombie infection and to blow up the ship.
>>
No. 397459 ID: c6beb3

>>397426
>Blow up the ship
>With us and thousands of civvies still on it

Yeah no. Plus there's a high chance the bug is working with the solars.
>>
No. 397460 ID: ed57e8

"if they attack we will be sitting ducks. we may need to hail them and tell them what is happening. and hope they know what we are talking about"
>>
No. 397636 ID: c6beb3

>Message the enemy that you're in a weakened state and distracted by internal problems

HOW ABOUT NO
>>
No. 397772 ID: 40a32f

>>397636
>>397460
>>397459
blow up the ship if all else fails, an omega contingency

and if they are here to help the bugs they would have attacked us already and not have bothered waiting for the bugs to finish. plus if they don't know the bug is aboard and decide to investigate after, they will be fucked too! (which may or may not be a bad thing depending...)
>>
No. 397864 ID: f72f26
File 133332249255.png - (227.64KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard76.png )
397864

Zane: "for now we have no choice but to ignore their presence, to do anything else would only reveal our weakness."

Koza: "and if they choose to attack us?"

Zane: " . . . Let me know if they begin attack pattern."

I contact the first officer of the Wishingstar

Zane: "Officer I may need the people's assistance defending this ship and performing an evacuation."

First Officer: "Of course Sergeant Zane, any true blooded Astranian would be willing to lay down his life for the Alliance.
Between the weapons owned by personal choice and those stored in the armoury we can support an auxiliary security force of any size.
you need only tell me how many troops you'll need."
>>
No. 397867 ID: c6beb3

>>397864
AS MANY AS POSSIBLE. Let's start this bug hunt!
>>
No. 398435 ID: f72f26
File 133347178813.png - (7.14KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard77.png )
398435

Kimb would like to drill me on the new equipment, but I can probably make do on my own knowledge.

My team mates seem to be suffering from low moral, I'm not good at group speeches but I might be able to boost and moral and address concerns one at a time.

Violence in the Starboard hub has died down, I'm not sure what the means

Officar Bido is able to arm 200 hundred individuals for combat, though I suspect they'll panic at the first sign of trouble.

Now is the time to figure out what I should do next.

>>
No. 398437 ID: c6beb3

>>398435
Inform Bido to keep the civillians in check, tell all of them to keep the safety mechanisms on their weapons ON until they have a CONFIRMED sighting of a bug, not just a glance, and do not fire unless there is a CLEAR shot.

We'll have to keep them away from areas where a stray shot will do a lot of damage, too. Have them get Bido's permission before opening fire.

Broadcast a rousing speech over public coms. You're a successful star gladiator, this is just like being in the arena, all eyes were on you then and all ears are on you now, this is just another arena to fight in.

"Soldiers. Our group was tasked with a simple task. The defense of would-be colonists on a short trip to their colony. Our trip was meant to be uneventful, but sabotage and treachery has made our trip unlike any other. The situation is grim, the mission is a disaster, but we WILL prevail! It is times like this that HEROES are made, and no matter what happens, our names will be laid down in history as the men and women that saved this colony ship. We have come far already, the tech-leech is injured, and it is time now to beat it back and kill it, once and for all. It is time to kill everything that dare tries to take our colonists from within our own ship, it is time to uphold our sworn duty to DEFEND THIS COLONY!"

Then proceed down the list with everyone by saying "_____, are you ready to uphold your sworn duties and be remembered forever in legend as the man(/woman) who defended this colony from a damn bug?"

Do it for every soldier, and interrupt them and repeat the sentence louder if they say anything other than "Yes, Commander!" More than once if necessary.

After this is done, have Kimb give you a briefing on all the equipment, and then take a look at the holomaps to see if you can figure out any reason why violence in the starboard hub has died down, see what areas have the most bug activity, etc.
>>
No. 398844 ID: f72f26
File 133364377761.png - (298.18KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard78.png )
398844

I order Officer Bido to keep her troops in line, the first officer seems confident they will do their duty

I attempt to give a rousing speech


Zane: "Soldiers! the situation is dark but we will prevail! this-"

attempt fails

Dosk: "Just tell us what you need for us to do Zane, we are ready to fight."

I see dark looks in their eyes, fear and uncertainty mark their movements.
>>
No. 398847 ID: c6beb3

>>398844
Fine, talk to them one by one after you give them their assignments. Just say something like "Look, I'm not good with words, but we'll make it through this. Got that?"

Have Koza join Bido to make sure that you are never cut off from the militia and that they have a second in command over there. Instruct Koza to make routine check-ins and update you on what they are doing frequently.

Have Pike, Hoft, Dosk and Kimb join you for now along with any combat robots you have left. Ask Kimb if there is anything that will be needed to be done to ensure that we will be able to outrun the human ships, and verify that distress signals have been sent to the alliance. See if the bugs have been tampering with the engines at all and get an overall status report of the ship.

What is the status of the crew needed to command this vessel? Do we know the locations of the bug activity? And get Kimb to fill you in on your new equipment.
>>
No. 398856 ID: c6beb3

>>398844
Also, get your asses back into the starboard hub and help the survivors, have Koza and Bido take the militia to the portside colony hub and defend it for now.
>>
No. 399006 ID: f72f26
File 133372711164.png - (271.67KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard79.png )
399006

Zane: "Kimb I need a run down on this new gear".

Kimb: "Alright, first I've replaceded the conductors in the disintegrator gun, this should reduce it's backfire ratio to less then 8%, on top of that I've supplied it with a shoulder hook to allow your left arm free use."

Zane: "and the disk?"

Kimb: "It's an impact shield, salvaged from the Sergeants suit. It's use here is only theoretical at this stage but if your estimate of the creatures aplied force are correct it should have the stopping power to deflect a full on blow, two if you're lucky. also it has a grav clamp so you can attach it to anywhere on your suit for easy use."

Zane: "Thank you Kimb, you do are a credit to the team."

Kimb: "tell me that after this is all over . . ."

Zane: "Ok this is the plan, Koza I want you to join up with officer Bido and and defend the Portside Hub access hatch, meanwhile I'll take the rest of our squad and whatever security bots I can find and track down this alien."

Koza: "I have no objections but to perform this duty, I will have delay my investigation into the power leak and radiation emissions."

Hoft: "whos going to be guarding the Starboard Hub access hatch? if we leave it open those creatures will flood into the main ship."
>>
No. 399007 ID: c6beb3

>>399006
Hmm...

Pike, Dosk and some Militia. Let's say half the militia.

Pike will want to redeem himself and him and Dosk both have good melee and short range capabilities, they should be able to hold a defensive position really well.
>>
No. 399162 ID: f72f26
File 133377874655.png - (235.21KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard80.png )
399162

I assign Pike and Dosk along with some of Bido's troops to protect the Starboard Hub

Hoft: "Zane you're going to need Pikes impact shields when fighting the TecLeech, let me take his place at the Starboard Access hatch."

Pike: "Zane that reminds me, I found this talisman on Gore's body. It's a bit odd."

Zane: "how is that odd? Cult Terrorist wear Talismans all the time, this is however valuable evidence indicating Gore's treachery"

Pike: "It's odd because this is the symbol of the Maloran Separatist cult, why would a Kurdian like Gore be interested in the nationalist agenda of Maloran extremists?"

Kimb: "maybe he was just borrowing the amulet from you."

Pike: "that's not funny."
>>
No. 399163 ID: a2fa74

>>399162
"Aren't the bugs native to Vin-Malor? That might explain his behavior."
>>
No. 399198 ID: 9cb4b3

>>399162
Alright, let Hoft take his place, and then yeah, perhaps the maloran seperatists are working more closely with the bugs than we thought.

Either way, he was a traitor and she shouldn't think too much about him for now, he got what he deserved.

Let Koza finish his investigation and go help the other half of the colonists and Bido set up defenses at the other hub. Let's actually split the militia up three ways, one group defending this spot, one defending starboard hub and one going on the hunt with you. Three equap parts.
>>
No. 399416 ID: 6dddd5

Defend the cafeteria. The loss of food can take a huge toll on the morale.
>>
No. 399446 ID: f72f26
File 133391324625.png - (302.62KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard81.png )
399446

Hoft: "Maybe Vin-Malor is where the bugs come from? and Gore was using it to track them."

Pike: "I've spent most my life on the IceWorld and I've never even heard of anything like this."

Zane: "We'll solve the mystery later, once this alien menace is destroyed!"

I assign Hoft to guard the starboard hub and take Pike with me instead, I also divide the soldiers into four groups, one for each of the hub barricades, one to follow me and another to protect the supply station, we then begin our hunt.

* * *

Zane: "the trail ends here"

soldier: "how does such a large creature fit in such a tiny hole?"

Kimb: "do we go down?"

two robots enter the area.

Robot: "Alien lifeform detected heading towards engineering bay."

Zane: "this is our chance!"

Pike: "what path do we take?"


-does Zane run straight to engineering (main level)?
-investigate the hole and follow the path of destruction (lower level)?
-or does Zane do something else entirely?

>>
No. 399449 ID: f730a1

>>399446

Investigate that hole. See where it leads and assess damage.
>>
No. 399457 ID: e3f578

>>399446
This hole smells like a trap to me
To engineering we go! We can trust the robots, they can't be fucked with by psychic stuff.
>>
No. 399462 ID: 62f6a4

>>399446
Send a bot down first, then proceed, have the civies hold position up here.
>>
No. 399507 ID: 79e09a

Go to engineering. If that bug takes out the ship's engines we're all done for when the solars reach us.

Send a bot down the hole and have it report to you what it finds as you go to engineering.
>>
No. 399709 ID: 7b7f04

We've got numbers. Take the hole.
>>
No. 399749 ID: 459534

>Investigate that hole.
>This hole smells like a trap to me.
>We've got numbers. Take the hole.

:3c
>>
No. 399754 ID: 84424b

>>399709
Uh no that's borderline retarded don't go down the hole go to engineering
>>
No. 399771 ID: 1444d5

Se we've trailed the TechLeech to an enormous hole, and as we're about to enter there's a 'lifeform' detected somewhere far away? That's definitely not in any way a distraction.
>>
No. 399893 ID: 79e09a

>>399771
Yeah but if a TECHLEECH is in engineering that's kind of a bad thing.
>>
No. 399894 ID: 79e09a

>>399893
Can we send another team to engineering while we go down the hole at least?
>>
No. 399896 ID: f72f26
File 133402262809.png - (231.97KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard82.png )
399896

Zane: "Robo128 get in that hole and scout the area"

Robo128: "Order confirmed."

I then turn to a couple squads of soldiers

Zane: "you lot, guard this hole, everyone else stay with me."

* * *

Robo128: "Status report: alien bio-matter detected. visual data delivered. requesting further orders."
>>
No. 399899 ID: 79e09a

Keep moving little robot, keep moving and keep scanning.

Have a squad guard this area, make sure they have a radio to contact you with in case of trouble, and get to engineering.
>>
No. 399925 ID: affb00

>>399896

Wait, the TecLeech is sane enough to write legibly? Ok now I'm worried.
>>
No. 400115 ID: e9b708

>>399896
we'll show him ignorance! robot keep going and continue sending visuals, if you come into contact with alien do not engage, follow, track and report it's movements. if it attacks defend yourself and retreat.
>>
No. 400233 ID: f72f26
File 133411378243.png - (142.94KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard83.png )
400233

Zane: "keep moving robo, keep moving and scanning."

Robo: "order confirmed"

Robo128 follows the trail of liquids

the path splits

>>
No. 400234 ID: 79e09a

>>400233
That hole.

It was made for you.

You should go into it.
>>
No. 400235 ID: ed57e8

it OBVIOUSLY went through the pipe, but the other paths could have ambushes.
>>
No. 400262 ID: 40a32f

>>400233
examine the door on the left and the pit on the right and if you see anything suspicious, report, otherwise keep going straight through.
>>
No. 400700 ID: f72f26
File 133429064070.png - (344.16KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard84.png )
400700

>examine the door on the left and the pit on the right and if you see anything suspicious, report.

Robo128 examines the door on the left

Robo128 sees something very suspicious

Robo128 reports in and awaits new orders



infected: "Kshrrk?"
>>
No. 400702 ID: ed57e8

you were spotted, move back and shoot.
>>
No. 400705 ID: 015e95

Shoot the infected and the green glob thing, you're a single robot drone, kamikaze this thing!
>>
No. 400706 ID: ed57e8

>>400705
point, the green thing seems important, and the infected is operating something. shoot one and if you can the other, if they start coming at you retreat.
>>
No. 400749 ID: a2fa74

>>400700
Shoot the BUG that is attached to the infected, then the fall back to the hole as fast as possible. We want to bait them into range of our weapons.
>>
No. 400759 ID: 252e1b

Hold fire, fall back and find a hiding spot.
>>
No. 401390 ID: f72f26
File 133447175314.png - (200.61KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard85.png )
401390

The puppet Astranian turns at the alert

MindSlave: "ah! a robot, you fools destroy it quickly!"

hostile aliens detected.
traitor detected.
opening fire!


the Bug on the Astranians neck explodes into shreds from robo128's fire

MindSlave: "graaah!"

The traitor falls, Robo continues firing while falling back the remaining hostiles take cover
>>
No. 401391 ID: b26b9b

>>401390
Turn and shoot the one behind you and then turn and shoot the others coming back out of cover if they are.

If possible do this in the most robot manner possible by twisting your torso 180 degrees but keeping your legs still.
>>
No. 401392 ID: a2fa74

>>401390
Bug behind you. Shoot it and retreat.

Zane: Get that robot some backup!
>>
No. 401451 ID: 25730a

>>401390
Target reaper scythes behind you while proceeding to your right.
>>
No. 401453 ID: 14a1d0

Exterminate bug behind you, frag the others, see if that Astranian is recovering from bug control and take him back to the hole if he's not all bugged out.
>>
No. 401460 ID: ed57e8

alert, being surrounded, move in direction of entry hole.
>>
No. 401952 ID: f72f26
File 133466944308.png - (243.38KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard86.png )
401952

Communication with Robo128 is lost

Pike: "we need to send back up immediately!"

Zane: "Yes, we can't let these infiltrators operate freely."

Kimb: "that would be a mistake. the robot is almost definitely destroyed the only thing reinforcements will find there is a trap and their deaths."

Crewman: "It might just be a busted transmitter."

Kimb: " . . . we're already at engineering we should focus on how we'll be dealing with the main alien."

Something is clearly bothering Kimb, should I be addressing this or should I just press the team forward?
>>
No. 401960 ID: b26b9b

>>401952
Ask Kimb if he has any reservations about the current objective.

If it's not about the current objective, just press forward.
>>
No. 401961 ID: 9cd02a

We left a couple of squads to guard that hole so can't they go help the leather jacket robot? And lets address Kimb since he might know something.
>>
No. 402015 ID: f322d7

>>401961
Those squads are probably safest holding position.

Ask Kimb what he's worrying about, we can't have distractions... besides, this may well be our final hour so if anyone has anything important to say we can't count on hearing it later.
>>
No. 402039 ID: 459534

When you address Kimb, make sure you do it over a private channel. He may be more willing to talk then.
>>
No. 402067 ID: b9e291

"Kimb. Be honest with me. Were you sexually attracted to Robo128?"
>>
No. 402129 ID: f72f26
File 133474645517.png - (188.06KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard87.png )
402129

I open a private channel

Zane: "Kimb is something bothering you?"

Kimb: "Zane they've bypassed our front lines twice now we can't win this situation, we've lacked the proper equipment from the beginning now it's clear we can't hold this ship. I highly recommend a tactical retreat while it still is an option."

Zane: "you're suggesting abandoning ship . . ."

Kimb: "If we all die, HighCommand will never know what's happened here."
>>
No. 402130 ID: b26b9b

>>402129
Send the order to get the other colony hub to their evac shuttles just in case. If we need to we can set the ship to self destruct and get in a shuttle ourselves, Alien style.
>>
No. 402131 ID: 9cd02a

Evacuating all civilians who aren't armed would actually be smart since they wont be turned into enemies
>>
No. 402134 ID: b26b9b

>>402131
Well we don't want to send the shuttles if we don't have to, the human ships will probably shoot some of them.

...We have activated a distress beacon on this ship, right?
>>
No. 402140 ID: e3f578

>>402129
Bah, he's right. But you should explain to him that High Command might consider tactical retreat a cowardly retreat instead, they may even consider it treason. Does he have any suggestions as to the proceed with a legitimate retreat? Proper procedure and shit? There's no point in escaping if your government considers you traitors. You'll be hunted and shamed.
>>
No. 402161 ID: 1444d5

>>402129
Any retreat would have to be a successful one to be worth attempting. Not only would a shuttle have to evade the human fleetm it would first have to escape the WishingStar itself, by the under control of the TechLeech. Blowing the ship up would avoid this and provide cover for our escape, but would also be mass murder of our own civilians. Let's consider it a final option, and work so we don't need it.
>>
No. 402180 ID: a1d7ad

We will be easy pickings for the solars if we abandon ship.
>>
No. 402632 ID: f72f26
File 133496608956.png - (203.40KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard88.png )
402632

Zane: "Normally I might have to agree with your assessment, but with those Solar cruisers out there I can't afford to take that risk."

Kimb: "you asked my opinion I gave it, if you choose to ignore it that's your call."

Pike: "Zane we'll be entering engineering a maze of vents and pipes and passage ways, the Tech-Leech could be around any turn. What's our combat strategy?"
>>
No. 402640 ID: b26b9b

Pike and Kimb in front, holding position and firing when they see an enemy before engaging in melee when they get close enough, Zane supporting with ranged devastation courtesy of her disintegration ray.
>>
No. 402649 ID: f730a1

>>402632

Remember to watch your corners.
>>
No. 403555 ID: a47c63

Remember to have scanners on high, just becasue the tech could be behind any corner, doesn't mean it has to wait till you come around them to attack.

Watch the walls/floors/ceilings, any errant vibrations.

May want to have a few of them on passive scan 'running dark' so to speak (accompanied by our active scanners, let the beast think it's ambushing/luring a smaller group than there actually is.)
>>
No. 405181 ID: f72f26
File 133555178757.png - (242.12KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard89.png )
405181

we enter the engineering and proceed with do caution, watching our corners with scanners on high

Soldier: "it's like a maze in here!"

Zane: "stay focused"

we enter a room with multiple passages our search is interrupted but an automated warning

"WARNING! WARNING! REACTOR POD BREACH!"

Zane: "well at least we know where it is now . . ."

Crewman: "it's in the reactor pod? surely the radiation well kill anything that close to the core!"

Pike: "it's not that stupid, It's gotta be there for a reason
Zane: "or it's immune to the radiation."

Kimb: "Zane this is very bad if it damages the core, this whole ship could be atomised."

Pike: "Zane what do we do?"
>>
No. 405194 ID: a1d7ad

Head down there as quickly as possible?

Everyone must be very careful what they fire at though, for all we know this manipulative bug might be trying to make us damage the core.
>>
No. 405197 ID: e3f578

But that would kill it too, wouldn't it? I know some things can handle radiation, but it doesn't make sense for anything to survive atomization.
>>
No. 405200 ID: 9cd02a

it must be trying to lure us to a trap! Proceed even more slowly and cautiously.
>>
No. 405204 ID: b9e291

Wow yeah, as evil as the TechLeech is you know it's not stupid enough to destroy itself. It must have just rigged the loudspeakers.

Attack the speakers
>>
No. 405214 ID: 21807b

>>405181
"Simple. We stop it."

Proceed to the core pod, be wary of any traps.
>>
No. 405221 ID: 1444d5

"Why would it infiltrate the ship just to blow itself up?"
Have Kimb as our engineer have a look at the nearby computers. See if the TechLeech is actually anywhere the hell nearby, or if it has infiltrated the onboard net and is spoofing warnings (or even spoofing sensor readings).
>>
No. 405314 ID: 40a32f

the tech leech might not be crazy enough to want to destroy the ship, but if an Astranian snapped and thought killing everyone on board including the tech leech was a good idea... that might just be the case...

GTF DOWN THERE WEAPONS AND SHEILDS READY!
>>
No. 405355 ID: f72f26
File 133559231183.png - (213.84KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard90.png )
405355

Zane: "check that terminal, even if ship wide scanners are defunct, local engineering scanners should still be able to locate life signs."

Kimb goes to check the computer, I contact Koza

Zane: "Is it possible that the warnings system has been high-jacked?"

Koza: "anything's possible, readouts indicate that the internal shielding has risen likely to compensate for radiation leaks of a reactor pod breach. there could be another explanation but reactor pod damage seems the most likely."

Kimb interupts

Kimb: "Scanners cannot penetrate the pod, but according to history there was a foreign life sign in engineering a couple minutes ago."

Zane:"good enough for me, let's go"

* * *

we arrive at the pod decontamination room,
on the left wall there is a deconClass scrubCleaner.
on the right wall there is a control terminal and two lockers containing four rad suits.

our Armour will protect us from the radiation, but the soldiers and robots would not be able to survive the radiation inside the inner pod.

>>
No. 405425 ID: 21807b

>>405355
grab four soldiers and put them in rad suits, as the rad suits will fit them and probably not the robots. Leave the cleaner for when you return.

Then continue.
>>
No. 405427 ID: 21807b

>>405355
Oh, also, see if any of the members in the militia have a background in engineering or whatnot, see if any of them have any skills that could be applied to fixing the core if it needs to be fixed.
>>
No. 405570 ID: f72f26
File 133566138728.png - (194.72KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard91.png )
405570

I address the soldiers

Zane: "I need four volunteers to enter the Reactor pod with us, preferably those with Engineering skills."

I have no trouble finding four volunteers, though only one of them has any sort of technical training, while suiting up she addresses me.

Engineer: "it's an honour to serve by your side Star Gladiator, I hope my skills will be of service."

"REACTOR CORE UNDER ATTACK! REACTOR CORE UNDER ATTACK! REACTOR CORE UNDER ATTACK!"

Kimb: " . . . damnit."
>>
No. 405584 ID: ed57e8

good thing we are already on the way there.
>>
No. 405587 ID: b9e291

>>405570

How did his head fit in... that... anyway moving on. The reactor core is in danger!
>>
No. 405599 ID: 21807b

>>405570
HUSTLE, MARINES! WE'RE OSCAR MIKE!
>>
No. 405600 ID: 1f8505

>>405570

Quick! Double-time it to the core! We need to keep this whole place from blowing up!
>>
No. 405607 ID: 55c4cf

now that they've been addressed, we must phone number and name them

maybe even zip code
>>
No. 406276 ID: f72f26
File 133584077178.png - (287.51KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard92.png )
406276

Zane: "Move!move!move!"

* * *

HazardSoldier: "I saw it! I saw it!, it escaped through that hole!"

the soldier fires wildly at the hole.

Engineer: "Sergeant Zane! the core's at critical! it could break down any second!".
>>
No. 406277 ID: ed57e8

watch for monsters, get someone fixing that thing.
>>
No. 406287 ID: 21807b

Tell that soldier to stand down unless he has a clear shot, we don't need any MORE holes in this thing.

Get TinyGiraffe on that thing, everyone cover her, call for backup since you know where it is and get Koza to send some reinforcements to that side of the ship, see if we can't cut off it's escape and finally kill the damn thing while you and your team guard engineer giraffe.
>>
No. 406995 ID: f72f26
File 133597890513.png - (289.21KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard93.png )
406995

Zane: "cease fire! it's gone soldier! don't risk damaging the core further."

he stops, I try to contact Koza, but the com-signal can't seem to break past the Pod's internal shielding

Zane: "Engineer Taes, I need you to fix this core."

Engineer: "I'll do my best."

Kimb: "very well I'll shut down the Reactor for repairs."

Pike: "NO!"

Kimb: "it's standard procedure, it'll only take a minute."

Pike: "if we shut down the Reactor, we'll lose shields and all power to weapons! it will take more than an hour to get them back online! and that's not even including patch time!"

Kimb: "are you suggesting we repair a LIVE reactor?!"

Pike: "we don't have a choice!"

Engineer: "it would be incredibly dangerous but it should be possible . . ."

Kimb: "Zane talk sense into these idiots."
>>
No. 407001 ID: 40a32f

if we shut it down we will be wholly defenseless against the tech leech. that minute will be the death of us.

leave it on. but the engineer should hurry, death in the line of duty is honorable but still death. but if the reactor fails or melts down, we are all screwed. but at least we will take that tech leech down with us!
>>
No. 407002 ID: 21807b

Shit, how far away are those solar vessels? What's the edge of our scanning range? Would it take them an hour to get here?

Double shit, this was probably the Tech-Leech's plan all along, it probably wants us to shut down the reactor so that it's solar buddies can swarm us. Fuck. Okay. No, we don't have a choice, we have to repair it live. Tell Taes she can have access to anything she needs to fix the core, name it and it's done, but it's going to have to be done live.

Radio Koza for reinforcements in the area as well, make sure they're sending troops down to kill this thing if they encounter it in the surrounding areas.
>>
No. 407064 ID: a1d7ad

It's safe to say you are likely surrounded by the bugs as they wait for you to turn off the reactor. You need to fight them off and draw them away before any repairs can be done.
>>
No. 407065 ID: 5029d1

yeah say that could be the leech's plan. have us shut down the reactor and then do something while we have no shields. need to do a live repair.
>>
No. 407124 ID: f72f26
File 133599677640.png - (170.79KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard94.png )
407124

HazardSoldier: "If we lose shields and weapons we'll be helpless against those monsters!"

Kimb: "The reactor doesn't power our personal equipement, we'd only be losing the ship's outer shielding and it's hull mounted AnnihilatorCannons. Shutting down the reactor will not inhibit our hunt in any way."

Zane: "Kimb, the Danger here is the Solar fleet. they could make firing range within 15 minutes we'd be sitting ducks."

Kimb: "they don't need to know we are defenceless, if we reroute emergency power to shields and weapons we can give the illusion of a fully functional ship while we repair, their caution will give us all the time we need."

Pike: "and if they see through our bluff? then we're dead."

Kimb: "no more dead than we'll be from a Reactor meltdown. Zane let me shut the reactor down it is the only safe way to proceed."

Kimb's plan seems to make sense, but something doesn't feel right about this whole situation . . . I try to radio Koza for advice and reinforcement requests but my signal still can't seem to get through the internal shielding.
>>
No. 407128 ID: bdb3f8

This thing is too fucking smart to have broken in here just to cause a meltdown and kill everything aboard. It has a plan based on what you will do to stop the meltdown.
>>
No. 407130 ID: 21807b

Ask Taes if she's confident she can do this live.

If she has any hesitation, go with Kimb's plan to bluff the solars by diverting emergency power, though this may just make things worse. Put the ship into lockdown first, of course.

If not, do it live.
>>
No. 407133 ID: e3f578

>>407128
Of course, that's it, it's forcing us to shut it off to save our lives.
What does Kimb say to that? That thing has horrific things in store for us, conforming to it's plans will lead to awful things. Or does he find that the creature forcing us into this corner for strategic purposes an irrelevant fact.

The creature wants it off for a reason, regardless of the presence of outside forces. Would a Solar ship attack us when it's filled with civilian personnel? I doubt it. What's the point, we're no threat to them at the current moment and we're just floating through space. No, this bug has a plan that doesn't involve them.
>>
No. 407185 ID: b9e291

Radiation beating your shields. Shutting down the reactor that powers your shields. Yeah that sounds like a great idea. At least the Solars will be smart enough to annihilate your entire colony instead of letting the leech on their own ship.
>>
No. 407189 ID: a2fa74

>>407124
The bug leader is a brilliant tactician. The humans being here is not a coincidence, and it's not impossible to signal through the shields.
It knows you have to take it down to fix it, so it's counting on that response. If you let it lead you like this then you'll never be able to get an advantage over it.

Don't shut down the reactor. That bastard is unlikely to survive the reactor exploding, and that is worth the sacrifice.
>>
No. 407499 ID: f72f26
File 133603054586.png - (205.85KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard95.png )
407499

Zane: "No."

Kimb: "What?!"

Zane: "this creature's too smart, turning off the Reactor is exactly what it wants, playing into the Tech-leech's plan can lead to nothing good.
Engineer Taes are you sure you can make this repair while the reactor is live?"

Engineer: "Yes Sargeant Zane, I know I can."

Zane: "Do it, and Kimb give her any assistance she needs."

Kimb: "You're making mistake that will kill us all . . ."

I leave the pod to communicate with Koza, but I am greeted by the sounds of combat
>>
No. 407500 ID: f72f26
File 133603079726.png - (333.23KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard96.png )
407500

my target finally falls into sight

Dosk is trying to contact Zane's com
Koza is trying to contact Zane's com


HazardSoldier: "Zane it's the creature what do we do?!"
>>
No. 407505 ID: ce4a4d

Go up to that catwalk overlooking the fight and shoot the monster a lot of times. Use grenades if you have any.
>>
No. 407577 ID: 21807b

>>407500
Go to your left where you have a clear shot of it from behind and shoot it in the back where those weak points are, or as close to those weak points as you can get. Hit it with all you've got, Zane, end it here!

Don't answer the two com requests yet, focus on killing the damn thing!
>>
No. 407578 ID: 21807b

>>407500
Also shout "KILL IT, SOLDIER!"
>>
No. 407581 ID: bcb06c

This might be your only chance to kill this thing, get a clear shot and end it
>>
No. 407601 ID: 1444d5

Guards: move up onto the catwalk to the left, pepper the TechLeech with fire to cause it to roll it's 'cover' towards them, exposing it's underbelly to the right.
Zane: edge to the right and be ready to hit it full-on with the disintegrator.
>>
No. 407604 ID: 21807b

>>407601
The weak point is on it's back, not it's belly. It's those green sack things from the first thread.
>>
No. 407654 ID: bdb3f8

Spread out along the catwalks as much as possible to get better angles and to limit its ability to kill all of you at once. Everyone remember to shoot for the green glowing weak points.

Zane, if the thing is not moving around too fast, it may be worthwhile to dash for those stairs it is destroying and get a straight shot at its flank.
>>
No. 407720 ID: 5029d1

can that thing fire through the ground? do so.
>>
No. 407848 ID: f72f26
File 133610100074.png - (326.54KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard97.png )
407848

Zane: "Soldiers open fire!"

I attempt to get a clear shot.

HazardSoldier: "It's no good, the walkway is blocking all our shots!"

The creature is attempting to escape! if that happens who knows what further damage it will do!
>>
No. 407850 ID: 21807b

Radio backup, where's it heading? Get the bridge and Koza to make sure everything possible gets in it's way. Robots, soldiers, everything you can and find a way down for you and your men to follow it.
>>
No. 407854 ID: 5029d1

time for a crazy idea. break the gun and throw it so it explodes on the thing.
>>
No. 407911 ID: 21807b

>>407854
That is the absolute worst idea ever.

Don't do that.
>>
No. 407912 ID: 5029d1

>>407911
well then give an alternate. don't call a plan bad and then give nothing better. gives us NO plan. which is an even WORSE idea.
>>
No. 407952 ID: a2853b

>>407912
>>407911
>>407854
I'ts simple.
Have one of the other gooks do that for you.
The explosion will flush it out for you to get a clear shot, while the goon can just pull out another sidearm.
>>
No. 407959 ID: e3f578

I kind of want Zane to jump on it and get all mono-e-mono on it, beating the shit out of it as it falls down a large shaft.

Is that possible here?
I don't give a fuck if it's stupid, I just want that scene.
>>
No. 407964 ID: 214bf9

>>407959
Agreed, let's go for crazy and jump down there.

This ends now, one way or another.
>>
No. 407965 ID: 21807b

>>407912
>>407959
>>407964
You guys are just trying to get her killed. That's too big a drop to jump and losing our best gun is just plain retarded.

No, we need to keep shooting, throw grenades if we have any and cut off it's access through troop movements and whatever security doors we can close while finding another way down that doesn't end with us weaponless and in a bloody heap.
>>
No. 407981 ID: f72f26
File 133616411149.png - (240.08KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard98.png )
407981

a HazardSoldier attempts to turn his gun into a bomb the attempt fails.

Zane: "what the hell are you doing?"

HazardSoldier: "trying to blast it out with an energy charge!"

Zane: "if you were qualified to use energy charges you'd be assigned them, just as well an energy charge is more likely to kill ourselves than the Tech-Leech."

HazardSoldier: "But Zane the creature is getting away!"

I contact Koza

Zane: "Koza I've got visual on the Tech-Leech, I need an intercept team in section-"

Koza: "Zane I'm sorry but that just won't be possible."

Zane: "what's going on?"

Koza: "the lower level is overrun, we just lost the holding cells. I'm trying to retake the shuttle bay but these creatures are hiding in every corner. there's no way we can make it as far as lower engineering."

Zane: "Dosk and the Armoury have more than enough troops to-"

Koza: "already reallocated to protect the bridge and medbay, on top of that there's a second wave massing outside starboard hatch, taking more of Dosk's soldiers is likely the exact sort of thing they are waiting for."

Zane: " . . . I see."

Koza: "I'm sorry Zane."

I end communication.

HazardSoldier: "are we receiving back up?"

Zane: "Soldiers no aid will come for us, we must take on this creature alone."

HazardSoldier: "but there's no way we can get a clear shot from here!"

Zane: . . .
>>
No. 407984 ID: 21807b

>>407981
Activate grav boots, chase after it down and along the walls! Move it everyone!
>>
No. 407986 ID: b9e291

The best thing is you've already made the mistake that will kill us all.

And it's not leaving the reactor online.
>>
No. 408252 ID: 9cd02a

Its running away from us so its probably pretty hurt so lets keep the heat on and follow it down, alone if our men dont have grav boots
>>
No. 409054 ID: f72f26
File 133635433463.png - (298.38KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard99.png )
409054

HazardSoldier: "Zane?"

Zane: "light up your gravboots everyone, we're going down."

* * *

meanwhile . . .

Ludecian Dosk: Space marine
we're in a really bad spot, and Zane won't respond to her com.


Soldier: "there's too many of them! you have to get your team mate to fall back."

Dosk: . . .

I don't know what to tell these men, I'm no leader. Hoft won't listen to me. seems he just wants to kill. We can't abandon this location or else we'll lose medbay . . . not that we could outrun these monsters even if we tried.

What does Dosk decide to do?
>>
No. 409056 ID: 21807b

>>409054
Keep fighting the best you can and hold this area, tell Hoft to switch to melee if he hasn't already and kill these fuckers dead.
>>
No. 409058 ID: 5029d1

form up so your shields join together
>>
No. 409059 ID: e3f578

Filter 'em through doorways, back up a little.
Christ, aren't you men trained in how to deal with enemies when you're outnumbered? Filtering tactics and guerilla tactics!
>>
No. 409178 ID: a2fa74

>>409054
Tell Hoft to kill the bugs over here where it actually matters.
>>
No. 409347 ID: 214bf9

>>409058
This doesn't seem like a bad plan, form a line and hold it.
>>
No. 409605 ID: f72f26
File 133645395233.png - (103.18KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard100.png )
409605

Hoft already has melee weapons drawn and is fighting in the thick of combat.

Dosk is confused, he takes a quick glance at his combat map to get a better feel for the situation.

>>
No. 409607 ID: 21807b

>>409605
GET HOFT BACK WHERE YOU ARE AND USE THE DOORWAY AS A FUNNEL!

If you have grenades use them, you need to push them back and start using the first hallway they're pouring out of as a funnel, just keep fighting, these things ARE in limited supply, you should manage to get them all eventually!
>>
No. 409635 ID: b9e291
File 133646004494.png - (84.51KB , 977x622 , chokepoint.png )
409635

>>409605

See this? This is the middle of the chessboard right here. Hoft is the pawn in front contesting it. Your best chance is to defend Hoft at all costs and take that choke point!
>>
No. 409641 ID: 5029d1

>>409635
so you are saying charge?
>>
No. 409915 ID: 9cd02a

Tell Huro and Nizk to come to your position. When they are supporting you from the door you can charge into the fray with your melee weapon and go back 2 back with hoft
>>
No. 410345 ID: f72f26
File 133670324249.png - (374.29KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard101.png )
410345

Nizk and Huro are still critically injured, they will be of no help to us

Dosk: "if we lose this choke hold we lose everything! press forth my kinsmen into the fray!"
>>
No. 410347 ID: 9cb4b3

>>410345
Dosk and Hoft:

Be absolute badasses and hold the line. Rally the troops behind you and kill these bastards dead.
>>
No. 410354 ID: 5029d1

war cry!
>>
No. 410385 ID: f72f26
File 133670921854.png - (268.79KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard102.png )
410385

huh, Dosk signal stopped trying to contact me wh- GYAH!

Zane barely has time to touch ground before the broken bridge comes hurdling towards her and accompanying soldiers. Zane manages to dodge, her kinsmen are not so lucky.
>>
No. 410386 ID: b9e291

Cheap shot! But it ditched its shield and is exposed. Open fire!
>>
No. 410399 ID: 9cb4b3

>>410386
FIRE THE GUNS!
>>
No. 410408 ID: 5029d1

MOONSTONE CANNON, FIRE!!!
>>
No. 410416 ID: 55c4cf

guard the colony better. do whatever you can you are running out of things to be able to lose anyway!
>>
No. 410710 ID: 3f47eb

>>410385
is the creature coming at you? grav boot up the wall and shoot, avoid and fire!
is it running away from you? charge and shoot the fucker!
>>
No. 410760 ID: 252e1b

Play dead, it'll come in to check how many it took down. As soon as it's close enough, stop playing possum and open up on it with everything you have.
>>
No. 411099 ID: f72f26
File 133689193965.png - (306.20KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard103.png )
411099

Zane fires but the creature dodges

how does something so huge move so fast?! I've gotta be more careful, my Disintegrater only has two more charges.

????? "KSSSHHHRRRRRK!"

shit, looks like it's preparing to attack.
>>
No. 411102 ID: 9cb4b3

>>411099
Delay, keep moving to the side, wait for it to attack or do something, dodge out of the way and then fire at it just after it has moved before it can dodge/attack again, hopefully you can get it's sensitive back.
>>
No. 411138 ID: 55c4cf

Take cover and move, take an aimed shot once it attacks and you have an opportunity.
>>
No. 411155 ID: 1444d5

>Disintegrater only has two more charges
Grab a weapon from one of your fallen comrades.
>>
No. 411163 ID: b9e291

Hand your disintegrator to someone who can aim.
>>
No. 411170 ID: ce4a4d

>>411163
this
>>
No. 411172 ID: 2e6fa0

>>411163
Yeah, this.
>>
No. 411337 ID: 9cb4b3

>>411163
>>411170
>>411172
For an acclaimed sniper you sure have never hit anything.
>>
No. 411365 ID: 118cf5

aim for the horn.
>>
No. 411372 ID: 118cf5

Get deceptive. It is waiting for you to slip up so it can have an opening. Act like your weapon has malfunctioned, and then when it strikes blast the fucker.
>>
No. 411431 ID: fa9f7e

>>411337
Devil's advocate: Real-life snipers aren't combatants. They kill things from very, very far away very slowly. Not exactly close-combat, or even medium.
>>
No. 411434 ID: b14128

>>411431
Then why the hell is he stationed on a ship?
>>
No. 411436 ID: fa9f7e

>>411434
True, she doesn't seem like much of a fighter. I suppose it was because she was pretty cunning as a Gladiator or some stupid Astranian bullshit.
>>
No. 411726 ID: f72f26
File 133701834624.png - (179.96KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard104.png )
411726

Typo, Zane actually has 3 shots left

other than Dosk, I'm the best marksman on board, even if not I'm the only one left to stop this monster.

Maybe if I keep moving it will leave itself-


lightning quick the creature's tail slashes Zane

"GYAAAaaah"


?????: "KSHH, KSHH, KSHHHH"
>>
No. 411728 ID: 9cb4b3

GRAB THE GUN AND FIRE BACK AT IT! ORDER WHOEVER IS LEFT TO SHOOT THE DAMN THING NOW!
>>
No. 411734 ID: 5029d1

it's too fast and goes through your shields like tissue. dammit. everyone needs to start shooting NOW. supressive fire to make it move where you want then hit it with the big gun.
>>
No. 411759 ID: f72f26
File 133703025059.png - (196.99KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard105.png )
411759

I reach for my gun, and broadcast an order

Zane: "Any and all soldiers availible focus fire on the Tech-Leech! we can not let it escape!"

Robo128: "Orders recieved."

the Tech-Leech looks distracted.
>>
No. 411760 ID: 9cb4b3

>>411759
Jesus fuck it is time for a tactical retreat
>>
No. 411762 ID: 5029d1

fire the big gun! hit the weak point for massive damage!!
>>
No. 411767 ID: ce4a4d

Get his eyes! Cut him in the eyes!
>>
No. 411940 ID: b9d767

>>411759
Activate your scan visor, that ALWAYS finds giant monster's weak points! That, or shoot it in a soft squishy spot.
>>
No. 412164 ID: 7b7f04

Really, just flee. Find any escape route that doesn't send you right past it. Preferably through a small corridor.
>>
No. 412210 ID: 3f47eb

>>411759
give it one last shot in the face and dive out under something or away in something.
>>
No. 412402 ID: dc4a44

>>411767
I freaking hate Trudy, I mean Tech-leech!
>>
No. 413407 ID: f72f26
File 133732239751.png - (203.23KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard106.png )
413407

No, I can't let it escape, I can't fall back. I give it a second of time and it will undo us all!

Zane charges her Disintegrater

I must not fail . . .
>>
No. 413409 ID: f72f26
File 133732260048.png - (282.54KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard107.png )
413409

the creature attempts to dodge

Zane: "No not this time!"

Zane pivots her weapon at the last second, this time the beam finds it's mark.


?????: "KSSHHHREEEEEEEEK"

I- I think I made it mad . . .
>>
No. 413412 ID: 9cb4b3

RUN BACK UP THE WALL NOW AND CALL OUT FOR SOME GODDAMN COVERING FIRE

IGNORE THE PAIN AND FUCKING RUN
>>
No. 413413 ID: 5029d1

get to cover!
>>
No. 413440 ID: 958e65

feign a retreat while charging your gun. Turn around at the last second and give it a surprise shot.
>>
No. 413461 ID: 214bf9

Good news, if it's mad it won't try to run away.

Of course the bad news is that your chances of survival just went down, find some cover or outright retreat.
>>
No. 413473 ID: abb30a

If all else fails use that impact shield if you get attacked, look if you can salvage someone else's gun if you get a chance. Otherwise, mad creature is less likely to be dodgy, and more attack-y.
>>
No. 413556 ID: f72f26
File 133737342109.png - (162.62KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard108.png )
413556

Zane: "how is that thing still alive?!"

Zane flees up the wall

it's definitely gotten more aggressive and wall walking will only throw off it's aim for so long.

Zane Considers her unequipped gear:
-RapidLaser
-HandLaser
-CutterBlade
-ImpactShield

Zane readies her ImpactShield in her off hand


I hate having to implement untested gear, but if this can deflect one of those blows maybe I can get a clear-

Zane: "AAAAAAH"

a sharp impact narrowly misses Zane.
>>
No. 413557 ID: 5029d1

block a blow then jam blade into it sideways so it pulls you closer. then drop shield and fire gun.
>>
No. 413668 ID: 3f47eb

>>413556
use your next shot to blow it's tail off when it attacks (dodge then attack)

see if there is a piece of bulkhead that the tail might get stuck in and let it hit that!
>>
No. 415851 ID: f72f26
File 133791619378.png - (184.57KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard109.png )
415851

the strikes comes before I even can attempt a plan, I attempt to dodge but my injured body is just to sluggish to respond, hefting my shield I go with the only option left to me and hope it's enough . . .
>>
No. 415852 ID: 132b99

shoot straight down!
>>
No. 415865 ID: 9cb4b3

>>415851
Shoot it's vulnerable back!
>>
No. 415975 ID: 3f47eb

>>415851
see if you can blow its tail off, use the boots to jump across to the other wall and shoot!
>>
No. 416159 ID: f72f26
File 133806506893.png - (151.39KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard110.png )
416159

Pike: "what are you doing? why did you stop"

Engineer: "this severed cable it's cut was made to relieve pressure on the core . . ."

Kimb: "mind the lines you idiot."

Engineer: " . . . this creature knew what is was doing, effectively it's transformed the reactor into a massive-"
>>
No. 416162 ID: f72f26
File 133806536451.png - (289.37KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard111.png )
416162

two secure lines snap and a burst of ray fire fries the engineer

Engineer: "EEEeeeeak!"

Pike: "no!"

what does Pike do?
>>
No. 416164 ID: 87d18a

>>416162
Guessing his next words weren't going to be 'Candy Factory'. Get someone on the radio or another engineer to figure out how to power the reactor down some without turning it off- Don't really want to be fighting these things in the more dark.
>>
No. 416173 ID: b9e291

Apparantly the Core is going to explode because it is not under pressure. Punch it until it is under pressure again.
>>
No. 416180 ID: 082302

Try to pull the engineer up, he might be still alive enough to keep working.
>>
No. 416182 ID: 214bf9

>>416180
Or at least well enough to tell us what we need to know
>>
No. 416194 ID: 9cb4b3

Grab the engineer, keep them alive and if you can't do that, examine the cable, see if you can reconnect it easily. If you can't do that, shut the damn thing down.
>>
No. 416382 ID: f72f26
File 133813986422.png - (178.62KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard112.png )
416382

Pike: "she's still alive but it looks like she's got some sort of burn damage to her suit, if we get her to the scrub cleaner-"

Kimb: "then just do it"

Kimb turns towards the reactor controls

Pike: "NO!"

Kimb: "What now?"

Pike: "Zane ordered us to keep the reactor active!"

Kimb: "Zane's not qualified to make that assessment, I am."

Pike: "there's got to be another way to fix the reactor!"

Kimb: "Like what?"

Pike: "well you're an engineer-"

Kimb: "a weapons engineer, not a reactor technician."

Pike: "what if we put it down to half charge."

Kimb: "an expert couldn't adjust its output capacity. Stop being a fool you heard the tech, this things a giant bomb now, shutting it down is the only responsible thing to do."

I gotta follow orders, I can't be a traitor again, gotta do things right . . . there's one way to fix the ship, a method even I can employ . . . a forbidden method.

does Pike tell Kimb his Idea?
>>
No. 416383 ID: 9cb4b3

YES.
>>
No. 416384 ID: 132b99

"i have an idea, you wont like it, but we are out of options and i am not telling zane i knew something but kept it secret"
>>
No. 416385 ID: 214bf9

Forbidden method? Do it!
>>
No. 416386 ID: 14a1d0

Forbidden means it's awesome. Do it!
>>
No. 416393 ID: e3f578

>>416382
Yep, duh
>>
No. 416460 ID: f72f26
File 133815521545.png - (201.20KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard113.png )
416460

Pike: "Kimb you act as if we only have one option left to us and I agree."

Kimb: " I don't have time-"

Pike: "but shutting down the reactor is NOT that option. I am not a traitor I will not play into that creatures hand, I am not a tool!"

Kimb: "debatable"

Pike: "our only option to save this ship is to perform the Ritual Of The Unspoken Word"

Kimb: . . .

Pike: "one life to save a thousand is not too much to pay! how can you not agree."

Kimb: "Koza told me you had gone mad, I can see he wasn't exaggerating"

Pike: "Listen to what-"

Kimb: "No. I'm shutting it down. Take the Engineer to the ScrubCleaner."

Kimb refuses to speak further and turns back to the controls.
>>
No. 416462 ID: 132b99

"i WAS crazy, because i didn't know the truth or have a goal of my own. i have one now, to save this ship. and i will do everything in my power to do that."
>>
No. 416463 ID: 9cb4b3

Stab Kimb from behind with your awesome slicey devices.

Perform the ritual and use Kimb as the sacrifice.
>>
No. 416465 ID: 132b99

>>416463
hell no, that's as bad as it gets. use YOURSELF. even with death you will get the biggest fucking medal, and the most badass tombstone.
>>
No. 416593 ID: 9cb4b3

>>416465
We have to do this quickly and we have to stop him from shutting down the core. It's the best and fastest way, we need to backstab.
>>
No. 416629 ID: 5c94e7

>>416460
Kill the one who stands to destroy us all.
>>
No. 416636 ID: e3f578

>>416460
Say "fuck you" and that you're sacrificing yourself see what he does about it.
I kinda want to see what he does about it.
>>
No. 416638 ID: 132b99

>>416636
exactly. you say you'll do it and he will see how fucking serious you are.
>>
No. 416661 ID: dcd48d

>>416636
>>416638
This, pretty much.
>>
No. 417022 ID: f72f26
File 133833449402.png - (176.38KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard114.png )
417022

the ritual must continue after the sacrifices death, there's only one way this can go.

Pike equips his CutterBlades
>>
No. 417023 ID: f72f26
File 133833453877.png - (175.43KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard115.png )
417023

Kimb dodges
>>
No. 417024 ID: f72f26
File 133833457759.png - (166.92KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard116.png )
417024

Pike blocks
>>
No. 417026 ID: 132b99

no you fool, you should of let him hit you. then you tell him "i'm already dead, do it"
>>
No. 417029 ID: f72f26
File 133833483911.png - (225.35KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard117.png )
417029

Kimb fails to dodge

Pike: "Forgive me Kimb, I didn't want it to end this way . . ."

Kimb: "Burn in hell you murderous bastard."

after spitting his last breath Kimb collapses.

Pike: ". . . I wanted it to be me."
>>
No. 417032 ID: 132b99

do the ritual as fast as you fucking can.
>>
No. 417036 ID: e3f578

>>417029
Then you should have hesitated. Now you must live with your crime for the rest of your days. Don't waste his death. He wouldn't have if you died, he would have taken the opportunity. You killed a great man today, make sure he stays great, and died so that the bug's may fail.
>>
No. 417041 ID: 9cb4b3

PERFORM THE RITUAL, SAVE THE COLONY!
>>
No. 417042 ID: 22c05c

>>417029
Do what must be.
>>
No. 417159 ID: f72f26
File 133835697164.png - (156.75KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard118.png )
417159

two weapons left destroyed, and their wielders are left momentarily stunned, Zane recovers first.
>>
No. 417160 ID: 132b99

jump down, reverse gravboots to drop faster. slam cutterblade into it and start shooting.
>>
No. 417335 ID: 6fe4ee

>417159
Blast that mother fucker with your big gun, then possibly do as >>417160 suggested
>>
No. 417364 ID: 9cb4b3

We still can't get too close, we need to get a little bit of distance and then shoot it with our big gun again, hopefully the injuries will slow it down enough to where we can kill it right now.
>>
No. 417610 ID: f72f26
File 133844124123.png - (156.15KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard119.png )
417610

I see my opening and take it, firing my weapon straight down into the Tech-Leech's back
>>
No. 417612 ID: 132b99

drop gun, it's empty now right? get out rapid laser. in one hand if possible and blade in other. and jump on it. reverse boot power to drop faster.
>>
No. 417686 ID: 9cb4b3

>>417610
Nope, she's still got one shot left! Aim another for it's back, finish it!
>>
No. 417687 ID: 214bf9

Move, get the CutterBlade and go for the eyes!
>>
No. 417696 ID: 132b99

>>417686
*recounts* first shot she missed she said she had 2 left. after bot distracted it she got a hit. and she got a hit now. no shots left.
>>
No. 417707 ID: 6fe4ee

>>417696
Look at the post after the miss, the spoiler, 3 shots left then, one left now.
>>
No. 417709 ID: 214bf9

>>417707
Oh, well let's use it then, but let's move to prevent being an easy target.
>>
No. 417952 ID: f72f26
File 133856591298.png - (133.37KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard120.png )
417952

writhing in pain the creature darts back, but not far enough

Its still alive . . . now my gun is out of ammo . . . I don't feel so good.

>>
No. 417960 ID: 214bf9

>>417952
Time to switch weapon to the CutterBlade and finish it. Go for the eyes Zane, GO FOR THE EYES!! RrraaaAAGHGHH!!!
>>
No. 417972 ID: 886a4d

Your bleeding pretty badly... but you best finish this so no more need to get hurt.
>>
No. 417979 ID: 132b99

fire rapid laser while closing in.
>>
No. 418407 ID: 9cb4b3

Order your remaining troops to chase after it and finish it and get your ass to medbay. Radio pike telling him you need medical assistance out here right now.
>>
No. 418449 ID: bdb3f8

>>418407
What remaining troops? If we lose sight of it now, it will find a way to heal most of this damage again while killing more civilians. Press on brave Zane, this is how heroes are made.

Suppressing fire with a light gun while you close on it. That's the hand laser if firing the rapid laser will slow you down. Anything you can do to slow its escape and keep it in your sight. If it is trying to dodge, it is not moving as fast.
>>
No. 418912 ID: 3f47eb

the miracles of Astrainian medical tech can heal you from these wounds, but the Tech leech can too, this needs to end NOW. drop your current empty weapon (unless you can recharge it from your power pack...?) and start firing again, dont let it get away!

and where is that backup??? (and the robot who was helping you)
>>
No. 418992 ID: f72f26
File 133894127288.png - (128.47KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard121.png )
418992

"Rapid laser is clearly the choice weapon in-

the creature quickly smack Zane off the wall.
>>
No. 418994 ID: f72f26
File 133894155696.png - (238.82KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard122.png )
418994

Before Zane can react the Tech-Leech's arm slam down on her destroying her last last shield generator.

toxic voices begin to fill her mind.


?????:"ahhh that's much better. DON"T YOU AGREEEEE?"

Zane reaches for her gun, the creature slides it out of reach.

?????:"KSSSSSHHHHRRRRRK! your combat prowess is almost as impressive as your inconceivable ability to disable my trap, I WILLL PRY THAT SSSSSECRET FROM YOUR MIND!!! "

Zane: "Pry somewhere else you filthy alien worm!"

?????: "I think we've both had enough exercise for one day, DO NOT FURTHER FUEL MY HUNGER! now is the time for civil discourse OR YOUR DEATH, you decide."

the creature pauses for some sort of response.
>>
No. 418996 ID: 132b99

hrmmm.. can't get a good angle for a blade. could maybe do something with the laser but it probably wont kill it before it kills you. talk "fine, talk"
>>
No. 419004 ID: e3f578

"What do you even WANT? What makes all this death worth it? Or are you just having sadistic fun?"
>>
No. 419005 ID: abb30a

not to be morbid, but does the suit have a self destruct? Killing this thing is of paramount importance, and you knew the risk of death going in.
>>
No. 419018 ID: a47043

> your combat prowess is almost as impressive as your inconceivable ability to disable my trap
"I'm even better in bed."
>>
No. 419050 ID: 9cb4b3

>>418994
Respond simply with "FUCK YOU!" and RAGE yourself some fight back in you.

Pike: Enter and stab the shit out of that thing. Or if not pike, some robots go in and shoot the thing, or some remaining soldiers go in and shoot the thing, SOMEONE SHOOT THE THING!
>>
No. 419115 ID: a2fa74

>>418994
"What trap?"
>>
No. 419212 ID: 6fe4ee

You have a grenade? If so, you know what to do.
>>
No. 419219 ID: 3f47eb

>>419004
>>418996
>>419018
these.
>>
No. 419492 ID: f72f26
File 133905473012.png - (234.25KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard123.png )
419492

Zane considers setting off an Energy charge, to blast both of them into nothing

?????: "an unwise move, you'll be dead before you punch in the first code. I SEE INTO YOUR MIND ANY ATTEMPTS TO DECEIVE ARE FUTILE!

Zane: " . . . fine talk."

?????: "at least you posses that much wisdom."

Zane:"What do you even WANT? What makes all this death worth it?"

?????: " I want what all creatures want: TO ESCAPE, TO SURVIVE. I think you will help me with this, confirm my suspicion and you will live. All I need is a promise of servitude, for a promise is all a telepath EVER needs."

Zane feels she could make one solid swing with her CutterBlade before being felled.

?????: "you honestly think you are a match for Infestor Lord?! your shields were the only thing protecting you from my mind, from my poison FROM THE FULL FORCE OF MY WRATH. do not be so swift to slay yourself!."
>>
No. 419496 ID: 132b99

"and why should i help? my life is nothing compared to all those that live on the colony. right now, inflicting even one more wound on you, is worth death."
>>
No. 419503 ID: dcd48d

Don't respond, don't think about it, don't make a speech, just do it.
>>
No. 419504 ID: dcd48d

Don't respond, don't think about it, don't make a speech, just do it.
>>
No. 419511 ID: e3f578

>>419492
"I serve the Alliance! I can't serve anything else! I can't be a traitor! If you want to survive, than just leave this ship. Out an airlock, out an escape shuttle, whatever. Just stop killing civilians and call off your infected. This ain't a deal, it's the most reasonable option!"
>>
No. 419523 ID: d5ee6f

>>419492
Say nothing cut it cut it cut it
>>
No. 419529 ID: e3d099

Don't cut the thing. Keep talking. Make a speech. You have to stall it until *COUGHcoughmumble*
>>
No. 419533 ID: 19a758

Action speaks louder than words.
>>
No. 419534 ID: 9cb4b3

Stall it, say you might, but don't say yes and don't submit, just say you're listening, then cut off your external speaker and make a distress call to all channels saying "I NEED BACKUP NOW,the monster has me PINNED DOWN, LITERALLY, SOMEONE GET IN HERE AND SHOOT IT!"
>>
No. 419535 ID: d5ee6f

>>419534
>>419529
It can read minds, stupids.
>>
No. 419536 ID: 214bf9

Never surrender, your loyalty belongs to the Astarian Alliance. Fill your mind with your loyalty, think of the national anthem or something, just anything that you think it powerful enough to push the bug out.
>>
No. 419558 ID: f387a1

Too bad you're not a sick bastard with a messed up mind.
>>
No. 419668 ID: 118cf5

>>419492
Don't think. Act!
>>
No. 421103 ID: f72f26
File 133948921094.png - (235.65KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard124.png )
421103

Zane: "GRAAAAAAH!"

Zane swings wildly

InfesterLord: "KSSSHHRRK! You wish so strongly for your death, I will not deny you-"
>>
No. 421105 ID: f72f26
File 133948935990.png - (207.71KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard125.png )
421105

InfesterLord: "KSSSHRAAH!"

Pike: "Get back you alien menace!"
>>
No. 421108 ID: 132b99

dive for the rapid laser, turn around and FIRE!
>>
No. 421119 ID: 927efa

>Pike
ohsht
>>
No. 421203 ID: 9cb4b3

Zane: go full rage mode with that axe for massive damage
>>
No. 421206 ID: 214bf9

Once again.

Go for the eyes Zane, GO FOR THE EYES!! RrraaaAAGHGHH!!!
>>
No. 421283 ID: f72f26
File 133954118576.png - (185.64KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard126.png )
421283

the tech leech flees

I lunge after the beast, but my wounds catch up with me and I am unable to keep up.
>>
No. 421284 ID: 9cb4b3

>>421283
Yell for Pike to bring a medkit, a medical bot or whatever he can down here, stay still and keep pressure on your nasty wound there.
>>
No. 421285 ID: 132b99

>>421284
and then, while you are down, he must keep chasing it. he cannot let it stay still and heal.
>>
No. 421299 ID: e3f578

"That fucking thing is almost dead, Pike. Don't let it flee. LET'S END THIS FUCKING PROBLEM! ..I'll just lay down here though. Comfy floor."
>>
No. 421410 ID: f72f26
File 133956225797.png - (194.28KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard127.png )
421410

My suit will keep me stable and alive as long as I don't move too violently

Pike: "Zane, the creature is escaping again! if we hurry we can catch it."

Zane: "My injuries are to deep, I'll only slow you down Pike. The creature's almost dead you need to finish this alone."

Pike: "Zane you're better then this! we must fight on to the death, fight regardless of wounds fight until one can fight no longer!"

Pike is technically correct and the glory is tempting I could push forward, I could continue powering my armour to compensate for my injuries. but the longer I strain my body the greater the risk for permanent damage.
>>
No. 421413 ID: 9cb4b3

No, regroup, even at half strength only two against it is suicide, you need more men to go with you to kill it properly. Get your wounds treated, too.

Astranians should never fight in small numbers if you can avoid it, you work much better in groups and you still have tons of militia left, we need to plan and pick our final battle with it wisely.
>>
No. 421414 ID: 132b99

"my shield is compromised, it can read my thoughts now. so it will be able to hear me coming. i can serve at best as a distraction. take the direct route, you cut it off." just walk/ don't run or do anything strenuous. and don't stop thinking "i'm gonna kill you"
>>
No. 421415 ID: e3f578

>>421410
Also technically, you can no longer fight if you view the amount of wounds doesn't allow you to move on.

Only if you can fight through the pain is when Pike is correct. When the pain is too much for you to handle, then you stop fighting, because you're incapacitated. Which doesn't necessarily mean death. You can't fight if you're incapacitated, that's moronic.

Tell him you'll only continue fighting if he promises to never slow down and wait for you, or even try to save you. That is to risk the mission. Tell me you two, is the fight and your glory or the mission more important? Honestly, I view killing that creature far more important than your life, but that could be different to you. Whatever you believe in, tell Pike to never ever slow down or wait for you, no matter what. You kill that fucking thing you fucking fucker. It has no health bar and that's mainly because of a single soldier. If Pike's half the fighter you are, which is apparently worth 4/5's of its health bar, than he can take it down alone if you don't make it.

Please, end this Pike. Not for glory, but for the mission. The mission.
>>
No. 421422 ID: f387a1

Go. Not for the glory, not because of the mission. Don't throw the weight of your decisions on the shoulders of others. Death is when you stop trying, is to be afraid of living the way you choose. Why do you fight? Do it for yourself, do it because that's how you choose to live.
>>
No. 421433 ID: aaeb1c

You have no shields, you can track it through the ship, thing might be able to control you ifyou get too close, going after it now is retarded. Go get backup, new shields, AMMO FOR YOUR GUN, and get your horrible wound fixed up. Just what good do you expect to do against him in your condition? Seriously, going after it now is retarded.
>>
No. 421434 ID: 94c9d1

>>421415
Pike does not have the gun that did all the damage, the gun that is now OUT OF AMMO, and Pike could be one shotted in melee for all you know
>>
No. 421586 ID: 118cf5

The end of this monster is in sight Zane, and it is your duty to see it through. You said it yourself. "One way or another I will make sure this never happens again." Now do your duty.
>>
No. 421951 ID: f72f26
File 133965893711.png - (255.68KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard128.png )
421951

I try to contact Koza for reinforcements . . .
no response
I try to contact Hoft and Dosk for reinforcements . . .
no response

The Disintegrater only uses outdated RayTech batteries. I keep several in my Locker in the Marine RestChambers, there may also be spare shields there. Coincidently the quickest route to the RestChamber is down the same path the Tech-Leech went.

I gather what remaining soldiers I have left


HazardSoldier: "Sorry Sergeant, that bridge knocked the sense clean outta me"

Zane: "it's good to have you back."

HazardSoldier: " . . . the rest didn't make it."

Zane: "there'll be enough time for mourning later."


Speaking of mourning I notice that Kimb and the Engineer are not with Pike, I fear what sacrifice must have been made to fix this ship . . . Should I confront Pike on this?

I'm no commander but the best option seems to be to press foreward, and hopefully distract the Tech-Leech long enough for Pike to cut it off and move in for the kill. With his impact shields Pike might just stand a chance.

>>
No. 421953 ID: 132b99

no, you don't want to be thinking about it, otherwise the tech leech may learn of it and he tells the rest of his kind somehow. if you are both alive after it's dead, you ca talk then.
>>
No. 421961 ID: e3f578

First priority is to get your shields back on and charged up.

Give your disintergrator to the person you think is the best shot if you can't aim it very good in your state.

Make a joke to a fellow weapon lover that they don't make Raytech like they use to, referring to your disintergrator, and that this shit chewed it to bits. I wonder if you can jury rig more generators, does this ship have a Raytech expert on alive? And can convert other peoples weapons or combine them with a few parts to act like them on current batteries, even if it makes them a little unstable the sacrifice will be worth it.
>>
No. 422026 ID: 214bf9

All we need to know is if they managed to fix it or not, the details can wait
>>
No. 422028 ID: 9cb4b3

Alright fine, go down that path and grab the batteries and extra shields, but try to relax a little, don't make your wounds worse if you don't have to.
>>
No. 422191 ID: f72f26
File 133972131690.png - (182.30KB , 977x622 , ColonyGuard129.png )
422191

I order Pike to move on ahead, I leave the plan vague, that way the Tech-Leech can't use it against us.

now I clear my mind filling it with only a single thought.

one thought as I march towards the RestChamber towards anything that awaits me, towards anything that bars my path.

this thought, call it a mission, a goal, or task consists of but one element, that of my enemy's ultimate destruction.

from this point on there is nothing more.


[COLONY GUARD: END PART 2]
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password