[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 345140)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 41599 unique user posts. View catalog

File 131502940937.jpg - (330.35KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin122.jpg )
345140 No. 345140 ID: e1c562

The PoisonWorld: Daztrenian

CHOOSE YOUR PINKSKIN!

level 1
http://quest.lv/kusaba/questarch/res/253996.html

level 2
http://www.tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/281680.html

discussion
http://quest.lv/kusaba/questdis/res/335842.html
Expand all images
>>
No. 345143 ID: e8cd4a

burning rose-

or chemical spray what have you
>>
No. 345144 ID: af7656

Lar
>>
No. 345155 ID: 252e1b

Rose!
>>
No. 345158 ID: 07416a

Lar
>>
No. 345171 ID: 2563d4

Lar. We can get Rose killed later.
>>
No. 345183 ID: 644ca1

Lar
>>
No. 345229 ID: 4bdd79

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!!

Dominic.
>>
No. 345288 ID: 510737

lar, I mean the dude has a sword! cannon fodder if I ever saw it.
>>
No. 345295 ID: 6a5a08

>>345288
But look at that beard and that health bar. Clearly he is a spellsword.
>>
No. 345299 ID: 510737

>>345295
I thought he just had a glandular problem.
>>
No. 345308 ID: bccf7b

>>345295
Nope, that's definitely the world's largest CHIN
>>
No. 345319 ID: 4bdd79

I just want to do Dom and Rose first so I have an excuse to give Lar a "forever alone" face.
>>
No. 345432 ID: e1c562
File 131515068865.jpg - (275.33KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin123.jpg )
345432

Lar sneaks past the first guard, making it into the room wear he saw them take Domonic

Lar can hear a Guilder yelling at the echoing voice of another Guilder.
>>
No. 345433 ID: 9cb4b3

Walk up and say "Durrr... Hi."

You can take this guy if he tries anything, so be ready to take his gun/whatever away, but see what info you can get out of him first.
>>
No. 345443 ID: c71597

>>345432
Knock him the fuck out first and then consider interogations. It's much easier if they're not able to try anything at all.
>>
No. 345491 ID: 2563d4

>>345432
Since he's in the middle of a conversation, and thus doing anything to him will alert the other guy, sneak past him and grab the minigun.
>>
No. 345495 ID: 1bc9c1

>>345432
Wait until he's done talking, then when bash his face when he's turns around, hell if that shaft he's peering down is deep we could probably dump him down it for a "plausible accidental death"
>>
No. 345510 ID: eba49f

>>345495
I think I see a keyring on him, though. We wouldn't want to lose that.
>>
No. 345519 ID: e1c562
File 131517780175.jpg - (287.53KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin124.jpg )
345519

the Guilder begins to hammer loudly on something, Lar takes this opportunity to sneaky up to the table

Lar: (hey this looks like a Solar gun, I wonder were they found it . . . I might be able to use it for something.)
>>
No. 345525 ID: 35e1a0

he has keys, those are probably important. how well are they attached? if like a flimsy string you could steal them. but if they are strapped then you will need to use the big gun and smash him over the head with your awesome mutant strength.
>>
No. 345538 ID: 650577

>>345519
wwwwwwiiiiiiirrrrrrrr-
TAKATAKATAKATAKATAKATAKATAKA
>>
No. 345541 ID: c7b6c2

>>345519
Let's see if they can outsmart boolet.
>>
No. 345542 ID: 1bc9c1

>>345519
The KEYS! That guilder has KEYS! Grab him by the keyring, dagger in the back, and push him down the shaft.
>>
No. 345552 ID: 4bdd79

>>345519
Use the blade which you're allegedly carrying to slash his throat. Attempt to hide the body. Acquire ALL THE GUNS.
>>
No. 345577 ID: 2563d4

>>345552
If he's finished talking, sure. (Do not use gun as blunt instrument when you have a knife.)
>>
No. 345583 ID: f70e5e

stabbing is quieter than shooting. if your confidant you can kill him quietly with your knife, do so. otherwise shoot him with either the Gatling gun or the flame thrower.
>>
No. 345602 ID: 510737

>>345552
this sounds like a decent plan
>>
No. 345612 ID: e1c562
File 131519989772.jpg - (298.98KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin125.jpg )
345612

>>345583
Lar:(if there's one thing I know about Guilders it's that they're not easy to kill. I doubt I can take one in close quarters fighting even with the element of surprise)

Lar grabs the minigun and powers it up

*wirrrrrr!*

Guilder: "ehh?"
>>
No. 345613 ID: 35e1a0

whitty one liner!
>>
No. 345615 ID: a6ab09

>>345612
watch it have no ammo, prolly gonna have to use it as melee weapon if that's the case
>>
No. 345659 ID: 4bdd79

>>345612
WHY DID YOU DO THAT I TOLD YOU NOT TO

Kill him quietly.
>>
No. 345669 ID: abb743

>>345613
uh...uh...
"your chances of survival just got halved"
then cut him in half with bullets.
>>
No. 345715 ID: f70e5e

if the gun is out of ammo try and bluff him.
>>
No. 345737 ID: 1444d5

>witty one-liner
I think we can do a bit better than that:

I know what you're thinking, punk. You're thinking "Did he fire six hundred shots or only five hundred and ninety nine?" Now, to tell you the truth, I forgot myself in all this excitement. But being this is a 20mm Vulcan, the most powerful rotary cannon in the world and will blow your head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?
>>
No. 345788 ID: 2563d4

>>345737
Alternatively, just shoot the fucking guy and don't give him an opening by blabbering on.
>>
No. 345813 ID: b6edd6

>>345788
Yes, one liners are best said after you finish shooting them.
>>
No. 345852 ID: d82dd6

>>345737
This is not how you one-liner.
"You feelin' lucky, Clunk?"
>>
No. 345918 ID: e1c562
File 131528632831.jpg - (320.46KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin126.jpg )
345918

Lar can't think of any witty one-liners so he just opens fire
>>
No. 345919 ID: e1c562
File 131528640216.jpg - (321.84KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin127.jpg )
345919

the Guilder pushes through massive injury and lashes out
>>
No. 345921 ID: 35e1a0

roll to your left! away from the weapon table.
>>
No. 345931 ID: af7656

>>345921
No, roll right and use the flamethrower on him!
>>
No. 345932 ID: 35e1a0

>>345931
that'll just cauterize his wounds meaning he wont bleedout quickly!
>>
No. 345952 ID: 5f3831

>>345932
But then he'll be on fire AND bleeding.
>>
No. 345972 ID: f70e5e

stab him in the head. his arm is busy and he's hurt real bad. now you just have to finish him.
>>
No. 345987 ID: 2563d4

>>345919
Run away to the left. He's already falling down, you just to get out of his reach.
>>
No. 346009 ID: e1c562
File 131531878520.jpg - (319.11KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin128.jpg )
346009

Lar dodges Left and draws his knife
>>
No. 346052 ID: 35e1a0

stab through eye and into brain.
>>
No. 346237 ID: f91e07

Say, those energy tank things such as he's wearing wouldn't be prone to explode would they? Like when riddled with bullets?

I mean, that would be a pretty retarded design I'm just speculating given that he seems to be shooting off some sparks back there.

Anyhow, brain stabbing is probably in order here, although I'm a little partial to the soft spot by the temples myself. Those horns might make that a bit complicated though.
>>
No. 346293 ID: e1c562
File 131541038096.jpg - (320.85KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin129.jpg )
346293

Lar uses all his mutant strength to punch the knife through the Guilder's hardened skull.

the knife is stuck

Lar: (if that thing was an energy pack it've exploded by now, more likely it's something else . . . knowing guilder gear though it might still explode later . . .)
>>
No. 346295 ID: 6ca854

>>346293
Well, the guilder's face is at the perfect height for a knee to the eye. That should give you enough time to twist the knife out and kick him away, so if anything explodes, you'll have a head start
>>
No. 346410 ID: 1444d5

Time for jumpy-dodgy. Draw it away from the weapons lying on the table: he's full of bullets and knife, and you aren't, so you can out-endure him. Once he collapses and/or explodes, you can pick up whatever is lying around without it having been destroyed in the blast.
>>
No. 346416 ID: 4bdd79

>>346293
He's probably down for now. Grab the flamer, we could use a bit more firepower (no pun intended).
>>
No. 346549 ID: e1c562
File 131547190322.jpg - (303.57KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin130.jpg )
346549

the Guilder collapses onto the floor

Lar: (I don't think it'll be much of a threat for a while)

Lar hears a voice from the nearest room.

Domonic: "hey Lar, help us get out of here!"
>>
No. 346551 ID: a2fa74

>>346549
Sounds like a plan.
>>
No. 346562 ID: 2563d4

>>346549
Well, help them get out of there, then. Guilder has the keyring.
>>
No. 346566 ID: 5a8129

>>346549
Use Keys, acquire blackup.
>>
No. 346825 ID: e1c562
File 131558150719.jpg - (250.75KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin131.jpg )
346825

Lar aquires the keyring and unlocks the door

Domonic: "Thanks a lot Lar, I owe you one!"

Rose: "so this is the mutant you were talking about?"

the pinkskins have united!
>>
No. 346826 ID: e3f578

Try and find all their gear and clothes.
on this planet being nude probably speeds up mutations!
>>
No. 346851 ID: e9ab0d

>>346825
>the pinkskins have united!

wut.
>>
No. 346855 ID: 6fa1ef

The weapons we saw before on that table likely are theirs. Finding clothes is a good idea though, but survival first.
>>
No. 346857 ID: 2563d4

Rose: check your flamethrower over for damage and fuel level.
>>
No. 346910 ID: 4bdd79

>>346825
Rose: Acquire WEPON.
Dominic: Acquire WEPON, set it to something lethal.
Lar: Suddenly realize you've wrecked your one ranged weapon and are thus useless
>>
No. 346915 ID: e8cd4a

guy's a tank. he -IS- the weapon
>>
No. 347106 ID: e1c562
File 131562775613.jpg - (326.12KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin132.jpg )
347106

Domonic and Rose rearm themselves
>>
No. 347228 ID: 2563d4

>>347106
Take a quick peek through the bars of the other cell.

Unless I missed something we still have no idea if the lens setup in Domonic's gun will just make it blow up in his hands. :/
>>
No. 347272 ID: ee0a87

>>347106
Maybe we should check the guilder, and perhaps that box over there too? I mean, it would be nice if we 'all' had a ranged weapon.
>>
No. 347292 ID: 4bdd79

>>347272
We were supposed to have the minigun. It's likely that we won't get another for quite some time.
>>
No. 347607 ID: e1c562
File 131576261362.jpg - (330.20KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin133.jpg )
347607

Lar finds a Wrench-hammer on the body of the guilder.

the sounds of gunfire is heard
and it doesn't seem to be too far off either
>>
No. 347616 ID: 2563d4

>>347607
One of you peer out the window cautiously while another watches the door.
>>
No. 347633 ID: aaa0df

>>347607
So, any ideas where your, you know, clothes have gone? Because being mostly naked seems like a fast track to perforation and/or mutation round these parts.

Still, yeah, gunshots, monitor and find source.
>>
No. 347788 ID: e1c562
File 131580639705.jpg - (377.25KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin134.jpg )
347788

Rose and Domonic have no clue where their clothes are, they awoke without them

Rose investigates the sounds

* * *

Rose: (Looks like Astranian hunter bots are raiding this compound!)
>>
No. 347790 ID: 35e1a0

use it as a distraction. wait until the fight moves away from this area then go up the stairs.
>>
No. 347888 ID: c7dc56

The guilders took you prisoner, whereas the killbots are killbots. This makes the guilders your best friends. So if the guilders look like their losing then give them some support, fire at the killbots from cover that protects you and keeps you out of the guilders sight. The guilders probably won't prioritize who's fire it is or hopefully they'll recognize the common enemy, maybe even gaining a bit of favor if they survive the fight.
>>
No. 347892 ID: 2563d4

>>347888
The only ranged weapon we have is the one that might blow up in our hands. I'd say wait for the fight to progress and see if they leave the exit undefended while pushing forward to make a run for it.
>>
No. 347982 ID: e1c562
File 131587287351.jpg - (235.94KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin135.jpg )
347982

>>347888
Rose's weapon doesn't have enough reach to aid the Guilder

>>347790
>>347892
Rose: (the HunterBots are programmed to systematically sweep compounds like this one, if we stay in any one spot they'll find us for sure.

Fortunately they're clumsy and uncreative, If we keep moving we might be able to out maneuver them)
>>
No. 348284 ID: 644ca1

Kill the guilders and surrender to the Astranian hunter bots. Lar in front in case they don't accept your surrender.
>>
No. 348347 ID: d69a2f

>>347982
I wonder where that chute goes? Really, I mean we 'could' in theory ride it up or down and thereby avoid the stairs entirely, as I somehow think that the hunter bots will be using them for the duration of the raid.

The real problem is having a distraction of sorts, any idea folks?
>>
No. 348349 ID: 35e1a0

what about that rock lift thing?
and yeah that chute the guilder was looking in may be useable as a passage.
>>
No. 348351 ID: d69a2f

>>348349
Derp, yeah, I meant the rock lifter (looks a bit like a mechanized coal chute) I didn't even think about the maintenance chute the guilder was working on.
>>
No. 348590 ID: e1c562
File 131597458106.jpg - (209.98KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin136.jpg )
348590

Rose: (that rock lift definitely looks like it leads towards the surface, strange though it doesn't seem to be moving any more)

As Rose returns to relay what she's discovered, she can hear the guilder cry out and the guns grow silent.

Domonic checks out the maintenance chute
>>
No. 348591 ID: 35e1a0

everybody in.
>>
No. 348606 ID: c7dc56

I still think we should try to win favor with the guilders, they're the surest bet of a way off planet and they are definitely in the market for extra manpower.
>>
No. 348655 ID: 2563d4

>>348590
...I thought that was a window. Up you all go.
>>
No. 348742 ID: e1c562
File 131601033946.jpg - (226.55KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin137.jpg )
348742

Domonic motions for the others to follow him into the shaft

Domonic: (the shaftway up looks blocked by something, I guess we're either going down, or out the other maintenance hatch)
>>
No. 348756 ID: de01fd

Go down, the bots are already on their way with the guilder down. There's no time to lose.
>>
No. 348794 ID: dd4c5c

At least take a look through the other hatch, see what's out there. Its right there after all.
>>
No. 348795 ID: 0d7a83

>>348742
If those bots are coming in through the top of this compound then they're going to work there way down to the bottom. That means the lower down you are the more time you've got before they get there. You best best is to go to the bottom and:
A - See if there's a way out there.
B - See if there's an effective way of combating them there.
C - Wait for them to progress downwards, then climb back to the top and escape. If these things are as dumb as you say then they probably won't post guards there. Even if they do it's better than taking them all on.
>>
No. 348921 ID: e1c562
File 131606276697.jpg - (282.60KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin138.jpg )
348921

Domonic: "Rose. Lar go on ahead, I'm gonna check out this hatch"

Domonic peeks through the hatch
>>
No. 349230 ID: 5d68fd

>>348921

Domonic should carefully listing after any sound of footstep or fighting. If he don't hear anything, he, Rose and Lar could climb out from the hatch and starting heading right side of the room and let Domonic CAREFULLY peeking inside the right entrance.
>>
No. 351299 ID: e1c562
File 131666476819.jpg - (312.71KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin139.jpg )
351299

Domonic carefully listens for any sound of footsteps or fighting

. . .

he hears laser fire, and sees a mutant corpse tumble down from up high.
>>
No. 351404 ID: 2563d4

>>351299
So going up (or across) is probably laser death, and going down is probably being trapped followed by laser death.

You may as well go down with Rose.
>>
No. 351473 ID: f741b6

Hmmm, that rock conveyor keeps on going, we should keep track of that as it's likely the fastest way to get all the way up, however, the controls are likely farther down.
>>
No. 352363 ID: e1c562
File 131696071041.jpg - (284.99KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin140.jpg )
352363

the pinkskins descend to the bottom of the shaft
>>
No. 352450 ID: 35e1a0

this doesn't look like a guilder place... it's odd.
>>
No. 352484 ID: fd2068

Looks like it may be structurally part of the origional ruins... this is good as chances are the further away we can get from the Guilder base the farther away we are from those hunter bots.

Let's try and find some kind of drainage, or subway access, also be on the lookout for ways to impede bot progress after us.

Also, one proper utility torch lens order is B (burst), A (whirlygig) and C (triangles-squares) ordered away from the user.
>>
No. 354712 ID: e1c562
File 131752394093.jpg - (284.18KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin141.jpg )
354712

Domonic rearranges the lenses in the Utility torch to 'B''A''C'

Rose: "this lighting this is solar in design!"

Lar: "stolen from my peoples command station no doubt, even on their own world the Guilders scavenge to survive."

Domonic: "if we wait here, the bots'll find us for sure, we gotta pick one of these paths and get moving."
>>
No. 354839 ID: 1854db

I bet the bots aren't smart enough to check behind that boarded tunnel. So go left.
>>
No. 354891 ID: 2563d4

>>352484
(Could you explain why you think that's right in dis?)

>>354712
We have no light sources, and for all we know bots have nightvision. Go right.
>>
No. 356560 ID: e1c562
File 131800009625.jpg - (303.42KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin142.jpg )
356560

the Pinkskins travel down the right passage
>>
No. 356569 ID: 210977

>>356560

if those are explosive barrels, throw them at the guys and shoot one.
>>
No. 356570 ID: e3f578

DOM! Do not shoot your torch, the announcer was lying when he gave it to Ahmed and it blew up when he used it, ROSE let 'em buuuuuuurn
>>
No. 356572 ID: a6313a

>>356570
It blew out, not up, not before firing the beam either. It was also a 'really' old model, being in the possession of some robot sitting at an abandoned shine for who knows how long.

Anyhow, given that we should probably save the beam for a time in which we cannot use a flamethrower as effectively in case it 'should' burn out (robots for example) we might as well go with this plan.
>>
No. 356575 ID: a8ae97

Kick barrels, then shoot them
>>
No. 356576 ID: 2563d4

>>356560
Just burn them, Rose.
>>
No. 356584 ID: 35bcde

>>356560
Talk to them, being as Astranians are kinda trying to kill you both right now.
>>
No. 356739 ID: e1c562
File 131808038242.jpg - (368.23KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin143.jpg )
356739

Lar: the barrels look like a rare type of Nwayan mining Acid, it's not explosive.

Rose assaults and bathes the two guilders in flame

one bellows out some sort of command and begins drawing some sort of energy weapon. the other turns and prepares to flee.
>>
No. 356746 ID: 2563d4

>>356739
Keep burning and moving. He'll have fun trying to aim that thing while on fire. Dom and Lar better get out of the way.
>>
No. 356748 ID: fa2f8d

laugh.
>>
No. 356823 ID: a1d7ad

>>356748
manically
>>
No. 356867 ID: a6313a

>>356739
Lar, throw pipewrench into the face of the one who stands. Rose strafe, and stay hot.
>>
No. 356870 ID: 35e1a0

no, Lar, throw BARREL.
rose, duck.
>>
No. 356961 ID: e1c562
File 131813712303.jpg - (358.28KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin144.jpg )
356961

Rose: "I am the bringer of flame! feel my wrathe alien bastards!"

Rose empties more fire upon the guilder

Rose: "AH HA HAH HA HA HA!!!!"
>>
No. 356962 ID: e1c562
File 131813728672.jpg - (317.31KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin145.jpg )
356962

Lar assists with a barrel toss

Rose: "hah, THAT'S for stealing my clothes, you pieces of filth!"
>>
No. 356963 ID: 1854db

Sweet, a new gun!
>>
No. 356966 ID: a2fa74

>>356962
Call out after the other one "Furry killbots are coming! Run and live!"

He convenienced you by saving you the ammo required to kill him, so the least you can do is give him info that will probably save his life while also inducing panic in whoever he tells.
>>
No. 356979 ID: e3f578

Rose <3
Dom say "Nice burn Rose."

All right, step over the acid and move on. These two fuckers are down for the count.
>>
No. 357037 ID: 2563d4

>>356962
Grab the rifle, Lar. Then up that little staircase, I guess.

Haha, Dom's face.
>>
No. 357044 ID: e1c562
File 131818975145.jpg - (293.45KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin146.jpg )
357044

Dom: "hey Lar, wanna grab that gun, might come in handy."

Lar: "I'd rather not touch any guilder machinery."

Domonic shrugs and picks up the weapon.

Dom: damn it's a modified Stranner weapon, no way this'll be of any use.

Rose: "so we gonna chase down that guilder that ran off or what? I've got a score to settle!"

exits are: back, forward, left.
>>
No. 357046 ID: a8ae97

chase him down, don't leave any survivors to get reinforcements.
>>
No. 357055 ID: 13c92d

>>357044
So, it's Astranian tech, damn, we could have used another weapon.

Huh that Nwayan mining Acid, it wouldn't let one melt through walls would it? I mean I can't think of a really applicable use for it right now, but something to keep in mind.

Anyhow, I imagine that runner can't be good news. Although it may be a good idea to leave as many of these Guilders alive as we can, if only so they can distract and tie up the bots in firefights behind us (the only problem with this being that they are also a danger.)
>>
No. 357091 ID: 2563d4

>>357044
Not a great deal of point chasing down burning people, compared to finding a way out of here that isn't blocked by killbots. Best he can do is tell his mates where we were. Move, er, left?
>>
No. 357267 ID: e1c562
File 131827611191.jpg - (313.83KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin147.jpg )
357267

Dom: "you're right Rose, if the Guilder warns his friends about us we're as good as dead, let's go!"

* * *

Dom: "Nwayan mining Acid is designed for precision, I've never known Guilders to be the subtle sort, and the cautious sort even less . . ."

Lar: "probably were using it to melt down walls, they did have barrels of it"

Dom: "not even guilders are stupid enough to waste a valuable resource like that."

Rose: "LOOK! there he is!"

Domonic and Lar turn their attention in time to see the Guilder trip and tumble down a small ledge
>>
No. 357269 ID: 0c2309

Why do I feel like that's a trap, and past that ledge is a bunch of his friends with weapons waiting for us to chase after him?
>>
No. 357327 ID: e1c562
File 131829310336.jpg - (328.73KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin148.jpg )
357327

the Pinkskins make it to where the Guilder fell
>>
No. 357339 ID: e83f6a

>YELLOW

welp. investigate the shit out of this thing. check out the guilder too, i guess. gross !
>>
No. 357340 ID: 35e1a0

this is a human thing right? maybe the giant glowing gateway will react positively to humans? don't bet on it though.
>>
No. 357435 ID: 2563d4

>>357327
Ooh, glowy.

Check out this dropped weapon on the ledge.
>>
No. 357447 ID: e1c562
File 131834237121.jpg - (343.88KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin149.jpg )
357447

Dom:whatever built that door, it sure wasn't Solars.

Domonic hops down the ledge and picks up the fallen weapon

Dom: "a Shrapnel assault gun,a Guilder weapon, it's non-lethal designed to cause excessive pain rather then permanent injury. THIS we can use."
>>
No. 357448 ID: e3f578

Open it like a Christmas present a week before Christmas
>>
No. 357450 ID: 2563d4

>>357447
Great. It beats something that blows up in your hands.

If you can get back up that lower ledge, drop down and study the door. Maybe kick the dead guilder at it.
>>
No. 357452 ID: 13c92d

I imagine this could be what they were using the mining acid to uncover. Is the door functional or does more acid need to be applied to free up the panels?

Tell that Guilder to stand down or face execution, that we don't 'need' to kill him becasue we ALL have the larger problem of GTFO before the killbots start pinging our asses with astrani beam weapons.

A shot from the Shrapnel gun may serve to punctuate our meaning.
>>
No. 357530 ID: 1444d5

>>357450
That's no door, that's a TBM!
Look around the perimeter of the cutting face, there should be a small opening just large enough to squeeze through. If there are several, pick the uppermost or lowermost, as those are more likely to be the egress positions. Inside, you'll probably have to contort a bit around the cutting face mechanism, to reach the motive and conveyor section. Past this will be an indeterminate length of tunnel, with an exit at the other end. TMBs are unwieldy, have to be lowered in at one end, and literally cannot move without forming a tunnel behind themselves. That's your ticket out of here, especially if you can rotate the cutting head to block access for the killbots.
>>
No. 357531 ID: 1444d5

>>357530
On second thought, it could also be a door.
>>
No. 357611 ID: e1c562
File 131838969356.jpg - (342.41KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin150.jpg )
357611

Dom: hmm, can't think of anyway to open the door now. . . I'll worry about it later.

Dom:"Yo, Guilder! there's a full team of Stranner Kill-bots flooding into this whole area so we don't got all day, what that means is that I don't wanna waste my time frying your sorry ass, so you gonna play nice and give up, or is this going to have to get ugly?"

Gulider: . . .

Domonic fire a shot into the Guilder

Guilder: "AAIIIEEE!"

Dom: "I believe I just said I DON'T GOT ALL DAY!"

Guilder: "Iurrender . . ."

Dom: now that I've got a better look, it seems this Guilder is actually a "she"
>>
No. 357613 ID: e3f578

"You know how to open the damn door? It has to be the only secure way out of this place that isn't through the killbots."
>>
No. 357616 ID: e83f6a

speaking of, if you cant find a way to open it quickly dont waste any time here. look for other exits and keep moving
>>
No. 357623 ID: 35e1a0

yeah, poke at the door a little bit for a way to open it.
>>
No. 357642 ID: a2fa74

>>357611
"Show us the way out of here and off this planet and you get to live."
>>
No. 357667 ID: 2563d4

>>357623
Make the guilder poke the door.

If it doesn't work, roast them and move on. (That is a route to the right, yes?)
>>
No. 357692 ID: e1c562
File 131843217341.jpg - (283.11KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin151.jpg )
357692

Dom: "how do you open the door?"

Guilder: "Don't know how"

Dom: "is there away to get to the surface without using the elevator?"

Guilder: "Yeh, back at otheum, take taye path, go tuzface"

Rose: "I don't trust it, lets just torch it and find our own way out."

Dom: "shut up Rose."

. . .

Dom: "Guilder go touch the door"

Guilder: "it dangouh!"

Dom: "DO IT!"
>>
No. 357694 ID: e1c562
File 131843245888.jpg - (353.13KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin152.jpg )
357694

the guilder shuffles over to the bizarre artefact
the instant the alien makes contact, a panel slides open

the Guilder falls back stunned

Lar: "augh the light IT BURNS!"

Domonic and rose feel only a pleasant warmth emanating from the brilliance.
>>
No. 357695 ID: 210977

>>357694
Enter yonder portal.
>>
No. 357698 ID: 44910b

Damn, we could really use some cloths for Lars, or at least a blindfold or goggles or something. I hope it's just the his albinism and not an actual reaction with all the chemicals he probably has flowing around in him.
>>
No. 357701 ID: 2563d4

>>357698
...take the Guilder's goggles?
>>
No. 357716 ID: 0d7a83

>>357701
Yes this will save Lars eyesight and make him 20% cooler in the process.
>>
No. 357729 ID: 252e1b

>>357701
>>357716

But Lar doesn't want to use Guilder gear, remember?

Just give him a blindfold or something for now.
>>
No. 357756 ID: e1c562
File 131846142334.jpg - (247.79KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin153.jpg )
357756

Domonic takes the guilders goggles and gives them to Lar

Lar: "thank you Domonic it's good to be able to see again, though I fear these will do little to to protect my flesh from the searing rays."
"perhaps it would be best if I remain here."

. . .

Dom: "I thought you didn't like using Guilder stuff?"

Lar: " that may be, but I like having my eyeballs burnt out a whole lot less."
>>
No. 357758 ID: 35e1a0

dom, enter the door.
rose: if he doesn't die then follow.
>>
No. 357759 ID: e79d6a

>>357756

Bid Lar farewell, and advance through the portal.
>>
No. 357766 ID: 1854db

>>357756
We'll have to find some clothes somewhere in there, I guess.

Dom and Rose, advance. Lar can stay behind and watch the guilder.
>>
No. 357770 ID: a2fa74

>>357756
Strip the guilder.
Have Lar wear the guilder's gear.
>>
No. 357784 ID: 2b479f

>>357756
Damn it Lars, I don't really want to just leave him here, but I can't see a way to get him through that light.

The guilder clothing wouldn't even fit or cover him completely. Maybe if we hadn't burned the other one would could have used it's clothes.

Maybe if there's something akin a lightswitch in there?
>>
No. 357795 ID: 2563d4

>>357784
I'm not convinced a pitch black portal would be an improvement over a dazzlingly bright portal.

But, y'know, Lar's option here is stepping into the searing light of some long-lost garbage disposal machine stargate, or taking his chances with the poisionous land being covered by robots programmed to kill everyone. Cover what you can and man up, sissy.
>>
No. 357827 ID: 252e1b

>>357795

Yeah, use the guilder's clothes, your clothes, everyone's clothes. Get Lar as covered as possible. Being naked sucks, but it beats leaving a friend behind.
>>
No. 357876 ID: 3d7a30

perhaps the light will cleanse him of the mutaty alienness
>>
No. 357881 ID: e1c562
File 131850761115.jpg - (280.67KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin154.jpg )
357881

the Guider has enough clothing to cover Lar with some to spare.

Lar: "I feel like an idiot."

Dom: "that's good cause you look like an idiot, you think this'll work?"

Lar: "I believe so."
>>
No. 357882 ID: 210977

>>357881

excellent. advance through the portal!
>>
No. 357890 ID: e3f578

>>357881
Compliment Guilder on her nice cans, strut through portal like a champ.
>>
No. 357922 ID: 78b9fc

Seriously? Lar is a ginger?
>>
No. 357924 ID: 35e1a0

>>357922
no he is a HEAVILY mutated human. and hasn't seen the sun since forever.
>>
No. 358087 ID: 78b9fc

>>357924

That's what I said.
>>
No. 358174 ID: 0d7a83

>>358087
oh SNAP.
>>
No. 358345 ID: f72f26
File 131868751591.jpg - (407.88KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin155.jpg )
358345

Domonic heads towards the Portal, when passing the guilder smirks

Dom: "Nice cans by the way"

the guilder appears embarrassed and confused by the comment and then grumbles something unintelligible.

* * *

all four individuals have entered into the light
when they're eyes finally adjust to a world of light not one of them is entirely sure what they have just stumbled upon.

or more importantly how they should proceed . . .
>>
No. 358347 ID: 2563d4

>>358345
"Forwards" and "cautiously", I guess?

Has that thing closed behind you? Because that'd probably be helpful, given murderbots.
>>
No. 358361 ID: 35e1a0

say hello, a bit loudly but not shouting.
>>
No. 358369 ID: e83f6a

i for one welcome our new precursor overlords
>>
No. 358373 ID: 78b9fc

Damn it looks like a dead end. Better give up, turn back right away and try to find the way out through the otheum.LOL J/K
>>
No. 358376 ID: e79d6a

>>358345

Poke that yellow cord thing.
>>
No. 358479 ID: f72f26
File 131873518994.jpg - (347.81KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin156.jpg )
358479

the unlikely party advances further into the strange domain

Dom: "YO! anyone around here?"

there is no response to Domonic's call.

* * *

they arrive at the glowing yellow cord.

Rose is drawn to cord and feels an almost irresistible urge to touch the alien object, in a way she feels it want's her to touch it . . .

Lar: "there's something not right about this place . . . we shouldn't be here."
>>
No. 358480 ID: a8ae97

Don't touch that fucking thing.
>>
No. 358481 ID: 35e1a0

have the guilder touch it.
>>
No. 358486 ID: a2fa74

>>358479
Rose: Step the fuck back.
Dom: "I agree, but we shouldn't be here slightly less than we shouldn't be near furry killbots."
>>
No. 358488 ID: 2b479f

>>358479
At 'least' take the highly flammable/explosive container off your back before you plan to make contact with strange alien energies.
>>
No. 358538 ID: 78b9fc

Rose isn't going to listen to suggestions now.
Domonic: pull her away from that thing. Don't look at it.
Lar: keep an eye on the guilder and be ready to run.
>>
No. 358566 ID: 2563d4

>>358481
This. I mean, the door didn't vapourise her, right?
>>
No. 358572 ID: f72f26
File 131877919830.jpg - (273.26KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin157.jpg )
358572

Rose takes off he flame pack, and reaches out to touch the "thing"

Dom: "Rose don't touch it!"

Rose: "why not? the door wasn't dangerous, why should this thing be? anyways it's blocking our path."

Dom: "let's have the Guilder touch all the dangerous Alien shit, it's safer that way."

the Guilder scowls at Domonic.

Rose: "you said yourself that this is alien, so how the heck do you even know what's safer? sounds more to me like you're just a coward Domonic."
>>
No. 358575 ID: 2563d4

>>358572
Cowards live longer. Guilder.
>>
No. 358576 ID: b6edd6

Isn't the sudden urge to touch it suspicious in itself?
>>
No. 358578 ID: a8ae97

Do not touch the damn thing. Make the guilder do it. May as well get some use out of it before we shoot it.
>>
No. 358581 ID: 1854db

What if it gives us AWESOME SUPERPOWERS? TOUCH IIIIT
>>
No. 358584 ID: c04c0d

Its not like we have a ton of options. Go ahead and poke it. You might just survive.
>>
No. 358588 ID: e3f578

>>358572
"Bullshiiit, this ain't you Rose. You were never someone to have something to prove! You have always been badass and remember touching weird alien shit in Solar movies never EVER works out good. Especially when there's a beckoning call. I would've touched it if it didn't want me to touch it, probably because it is in our way, but now NOPE, Dom is too smart for multidimensional siren demon tricks. Rose, I mean come on, a beautiful male siren incubus thing beckons you, and I mean this dude is totally fucking hot and wants to share his feelings with but in a masculine, not annoying manner. And he sings a damn fine Frank Sinatra song to boot. Do you approach? No, you don't motherfucker he wants your soul for a good shag."
>>
No. 358589 ID: 2b479f

Its simply more likely to react 'positively' to a guilder anyway. I mean, they did build this place right?

Even if it is a 'good' thing for a guilder, I mean who knows what it could do to a human. But hey, if you want to end some kind of mutant space monster it's your call, just remember I wont enjoy trying to put you down.
>>
No. 358590 ID: 252e1b

>>358572

"The door worked for this guilder, when it didn't work for any of the others. Maybe she's got some affinity for whatever this place is. She should touch it first, it's probably safer for her than us."
>>
No. 358602 ID: f80f15

Let's not trust dangerous alien shit, Rose. It's got 'alien' in the name for a reason. Besides, this feels sketchy.
>>
No. 358621 ID: f72f26
File 131879577351.jpg - (353.44KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin158.jpg )
358621

Domonic goes on a long rant about the hundreds of things that could go wrong with touch aliens things.

Rose: "Fine, fine, have it your way."

Dom: "Guilder go touch the alien thing"

the Guilder walks up to the glowing cord, and touches it

Guilder: "EEAAAAH!"

gold flames burst into being, lightly toasting the Guilder and then disappear

. . .

Rose: "well now what do we do now?"
>>
No. 358622 ID: 35e1a0

look for a way around it. if you get around it then if the kill bots show up and shoot it, it will probably destroy them in rage.
>>
No. 358624 ID: a2fa74

>>358621
Treat the guilder's injuries, then find a way around.
>>
No. 358626 ID: 252e1b

>>358621

The safest thing to do is to close the door and wait. The killbots will eventually sweep the place and leave. If it takes a day or two it's not a big deal.
>>
No. 358640 ID: 2563d4

>>358626
I approve of boring and sensible plans.
>>
No. 358671 ID: e79d6a

>>358626

Do we have enough food and supplies to wait out a sweep?
>>
No. 358688 ID: f45147

It might only be reacting to the guilder. If they have stuff only they can use, then it makes sense for something to work the opposite way, right?

Just a light touch. That's all. It only lightly hurt the guilder, and she reacted more strongly to the same tech/radiation before, so you'll be affected less.

Go on.

Do it.
>>
No. 358689 ID: 1854db

>>358621
Lightly toasting? You could try touching it too, just to see if it provokes the same reaction, but prepared for the flames. Alternatively, we can have someone boost the others over so you don't touch it. Lar is probably strong enough for that.
>>
No. 358861 ID: f72f26
File 131883032982.jpg - (369.67KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin159.jpg )
358861

Lar goes to assist the Guilder.

Dom: "come on, let's see if we can find a way around

* * *
Rose can't seem to shake the idea of touching the glowing alien object

Rose: "so what do you think these big sphere things are?"

Dom: "hell should I know, more alien stuff, probably best we don't touch these either"

there appears to be a wall blocking further travel in this direction
>>
No. 358863 ID: 35e1a0

eject a bullet out of your gun and throw it at one of the orbs. and if nothing happens throw it at the cable.
>>
No. 358865 ID: 1854db

>>358861
Rose: Give in to the temptation. You've dealt with fire before. What's a few more burns for the chance of getting a different result?
>>
No. 358900 ID: 383006

Do not touch the obviously dangerous glowy things. Just keep going.
>>
No. 359110 ID: f72f26
File 131891363032.jpg - (350.76KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin160.jpg )
359110

Domonic tries throwing bullets at the alien thing and the huge orbs, they bounce off and produce no reaction

Domonic and Rose continue on to the wall
Lar and the Guilder catch up

Dom: "hmm it doesn't look too high, maybe we can figure out a way over"
>>
No. 359111 ID: 1854db

Grab an orb off a pedestal and use it as a stool.
>>
No. 359113 ID: 35e1a0

while dom is distracted touch the wire, rose
>>
No. 359114 ID: b6edd6

>>359113
Don't do that. You are still wearing a flame pack.
>>
No. 359149 ID: f72f26
File 131895289366.jpg - (353.59KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin161.jpg )
359149

Rose: "Maybe we can use one of those big orbs as a pedestal to get over the wall."

Dom: "I just said we shouldn't touch anything!"

Rose: "hey we're touching the ground aren't we? besides those things aren't even glowing."

Dom: . . .

Rose: " . . . or we could just wait here and do nothing."

Lar: " I like that plan."

Dom: "come on Lar, let's see if we can get one of these things down."

while Domonic and Lar are distracted Rose puts down her flame pack and makes for the glowing alien cord.

the Guilder watches in eager anticipation.

Rose touches the object and a path opens

the Guilder is visibly disappointed.

Dom: "DAMNIT ROSE!"
>>
No. 359151 ID: 35e1a0

everyone through the gap, rose last in case the cord only likes her.
>>
No. 359153 ID: 210977

roll that thing through the gap and advance.
>>
No. 359156 ID: 2563d4

>>359151
This.
>>
No. 359206 ID: 1854db

Dom: Reluctantly admit that this alien stuff must like humans.
>>
No. 359387 ID: f72f26
File 131902846946.jpg - (342.78KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin162.jpg )
359387

Try as they might Domonic and Lar are unable to budge the giant sphere

they give up and travel on

Rose: "Dom look those Statues! they almost look like Solars don't you think! and that pool has more glowing lights, I wonder what it does?"

Dom: "Rose we shouldn't touch anything more then we have too"

Rose: "this play WANTS us to be here it wants us to experience this, it LIKES Solars!"

Dom: " . . . I guess, or maybe it just likes you."

Lar is deep in thought, staring at the enormous tree.

what object warrants further attention?
the Statues?
the pool?
the tree?
something else?
or nothing? (return to the main road)
>>
No. 359388 ID: 210977

>>359387

check the pool with the glowy lights. glowy lights are always a good indicator of where to go.
>>
No. 359389 ID: 35e1a0

get the riskiest thing done first, the pool.
>>
No. 359392 ID: b6edd6

The statues are shaped like four people standing at the corners of the pool.
>>
No. 359448 ID: b9aeab

>>359387
Ask the guilder about this place, seriously, what did they think was down here? How did they find it?

Proceed to pool while questioning.
>>
No. 359461 ID: e83f6a

>>359448
>>
No. 359471 ID: e79d6a

>>359448

This sounds pretty good.
>>
No. 359520 ID: f72f26
File 131908502541.jpg - (256.00KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin163.jpg )
359520

Rose heads in the direction of the pool and the others follow

Domonic turns to the Guilder

Dom:"hey you guys dug this place up, what were you guys looking for?"

guilder: "Puffefeh wah mad, he look foh weapon. Puffefeh talked of power, power enough to bwekk Astranian Blockade . . . power enough to kill all the stranners on all the wohlds. Puffefeh promih Daztren would be free . . . no one believed any of that, but we had no welss to go, noff elss to do so we digged."

Dom: "I guess he must have known something, how did he know were to look?"

guilder: " he didn't, so Puffefeh dugged hole evywerr. thih emine hole numbah ix-free-one."
>>
No. 359538 ID: 35e1a0

hmmm, so he knew this thing was on the planet, but not where. and apparently it's supposed to be super ungodly powerful.
>>
No. 359559 ID: e83f6a

well if this isnt it, then it's an anomaly at the very least. nice find ! proceed to allow corruption of your very bodies and soul, sacrifices to the precursors !!
>>
No. 359560 ID: 2563d4

>>359520
>Even her underwear has triangles
Now that's dedication to a factional theme.

Poolwards!
>>
No. 359590 ID: 210977

interesting

now off to that pool. investigate it.
>>
No. 359818 ID: f72f26
File 131921897890.jpg - (289.92KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin164.jpg )
359818

Lar: "we shouldn't be here, we should leave this place now."

Dom: "and why is that?"

Lar: "you heard the Guilder, the weapons her boss was looking for, such things are best left hidden!"

the four explorers arrive at the strange pool
>>
No. 359819 ID: e55966

go hotly into how if something doesnt give, solars astranians and all people will slug mercilessly through millions more lives and losses before pointing out you all kind of need a bath anyway; except the guilder, shes clean as a whistle she is
>>
No. 359820 ID: 210977

examine liquid, make sure it is non-toxic and safe for personal hygiene use
>>
No. 359823 ID: 1854db

Touch it with your dirty human hands.
>>
No. 359824 ID: e3f578

>>359818
We're not here to find weapons, we're here to find a way out without going through the robots, like maybe a stargate or something. Shit, what something here goes back to the Solar homeworld? This is weird ancient Solar stuff, they've got to have had something connected to it.
>>
No. 359830 ID: 2563d4

Yeah, this is kind of the place not full of killbots.

Examine statues. Maybe they're informative w.r.t. the nature of the hot tub pond.
>>
No. 359841 ID: a2fa74

>>359818
"I know, Lar. But we're only going to leave once we find an exit that doesn't lead to certain death.
'sides, just 'cause he was lookin' for a weapon doesn't mean s'what's here to find. This sure's hell don't look like guilder work."
>>
No. 359843 ID: 35e1a0

rose, it likes it, poke one of those corner bits. looks like a wave pool or something.
>>
No. 359900 ID: f72f26
File 131925484498.jpg - (296.74KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin165.jpg )
359900

Dom: "We're not here to find weapons, we're here to find a way out without going through the robots, like maybe a stargate or something."

Lar: "and if there is no way out?"

Dom: . . .

Rose touches one of the pool stones, there is no effect, she then pokes the water with her finger. it has a slightly syrup like texture, and has a faint flowery sent

Rose: I don't think this is plain water . . .

Rose has a strange urge to taste the liquid.


Dom: "you think maybe Solars could have built this thing? maybe early explorers?"

Lar: "No, we've never built anything like this."

Dom: "well it sure as hell wasn't the guilders, I wonder who did build this place . . ."
>>
No. 359902 ID: 35e1a0

so far the strange urges haven't led to you being hurt so sure, taste.
>>
No. 359906 ID: 1854db

Rose: Give in to your urges.
>>
No. 359914 ID: e79d6a

>>359900

Place a tiny drop on the tip of your finger and give it a taste.
>>
No. 359921 ID: 46c430

How about Rose, uh, not? Let's look around some more before we take any more actions that hold obvious risk.
>>
No. 359922 ID: d4155c

Go right ahead Rose. Chances are that nothing will happen until we do so just like we did with touching the plant.
>>
No. 360023 ID: f72f26
File 131930961873.jpg - (315.01KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin166.jpg )
360023

Rose tastes the the liquid no more than a drop

Rose: *gasp* "the taste is beautiful, I can feel it making me whole . . . one drop is not enough!"

Rose scoops up a handful and drinks it down before even realising it, she ponders for a second the safety of this, but it's flavour, it's power is too much to resist. Rose quickly scoops and drinks two more handfuls.

Rose: "I feel no more hunger, I feel no more thirst, I feel no more pain, I feel no more regret. I am whole once more."
>>
No. 360024 ID: a2fa74

>>360023
Rose: Now that you're fully healed and drugged out of your mind, what do you think of the current situation?
Lar? The Guilder? This place? Dominic? The Astranians? The bugs?
>>
No. 360044 ID: 35e1a0

do you understand this place?
>>
No. 360046 ID: 46c430

...Everyone that's not rose, back away.
>>
No. 360047 ID: 846315

>>360023
Uhm, guys... careful that Rose doesn't gorge herself to death on that stuff. While it does seem to have healed here I don't think anyone else is in dire need of it at this instant.

Huh, does anyone have any waterbottles or flasks? We could scoop up a bit for later perhaps (assuming it retains it's properties.)
>>
No. 360056 ID: 78b9fc

OH GOD SOMEBODY CALL ISAAC QUICK
>>
No. 360058 ID: e79d6a

>>360023

Awesome, a healing font! Every take a drink.
>>
No. 360059 ID: 35e1a0

grab rose and pull her back and take that flamethrower off in case she goes nuts.
>>
No. 360245 ID: a8ae97

Don't let her drink too much of that, she might get fat like Penji and nobody wants to see that.
>>
No. 360278 ID: f72f26
File 131939436484.jpg - (310.51KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin167.jpg )
360278

Domonic Pulls Rose back.

Dom: "Rose, That's enough!"

Rose: "nooooo, just a couple more mouthfuls please . . ."
>>
No. 360281 ID: 35e1a0

dom: "no, not until we find out what it did. so far it seems addictive. tell me why i should let you go"
>>
No. 360283 ID: 1854db

>>360278
I wonder what would happen if Lar drank some. Would it cure him?
>>
No. 360306 ID: a2fa74

>>360278
"You can have more when you've convinced me it hasn't screwed up your head."
>>
No. 360311 ID: 2563d4

>>360278
>health bar
Glowy!

Examine statues.
>>
No. 360324 ID: db03a4

>>360278
push GILDER into POOL
>>
No. 360346 ID: 49e0ab

Let's leave the strange liquid alone for now, go check out the statues.
>>
No. 360710 ID: f72f26
File 131949473683.jpg - (256.44KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin168.jpg )
360710

they progress onwards to the statues

Dom: "huh I guess these kinda do look like Solars, Lar you sure we didn't build this place?"

Lar: " . . . they aren't statues, nor are they Solars, they're war machines built in the image of the Goddess Lifewell."

Dom: "well they look like Statues of Solars to me."

Rose: "Domonic I see another gateway!"

Beyond the statues Domonic can see another glowing passage leading into some sort of tower.
>>
No. 360711 ID: 49e0ab

>>360710
The Goddess Lifewell, warmachines? How the hell do you know that Lars?
>>
No. 360712 ID: 383006

Let's go check out the tree first.
>>
No. 362616 ID: f72f26
File 132004468160.jpg - (312.23KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin169.jpg )
362616

Domonic turns his attention to the strange alien tree.
unfortunately He can discern nothing of interest.

Rose: "Goddess's,warmachines how do you know so much about this place?"

Lar: "process of elimination mostly, but why not ask Domonic, he probably knows the legends far better than I."

Domoni: "we should keep moving."
>>
No. 362618 ID: 35e1a0

while walking tell them the legends.
>>
No. 362619 ID: 35bcde

>>362616
Soooo. Have you ever considered the possibility that the goddess Lifewell was a solar?
>>
No. 362715 ID: 607593

>>362616
Lar: ponder about the dangers of being in an environment saturated with deadly rays that, should even a small seam or tear open up, will fry you death in agony thus far unknown to mankind. For extra precautions, take the rest of the guilder's clothing and sew/tie them around the outside of your suit.

safety first!

also, ask the guilder her name.
>>
No. 363041 ID: 6ba7db

>>362616
There are legends about this place? Do tell, of importance would be any that would talk about 'why' a goddess of life is the template for a bunch of giant war-machines (presuming she's one of those conveniently named types of deities and not like mayan corn gods who also happen to enjoy walking around in human skins.)

I'm tempted to tell you to try climbing the tree to see what we can see, but we should probably head to the giant glowy pillar/tower.
>>
No. 363576 ID: f72f26
File 132042481286.jpg - (326.95KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin170.jpg )
363576

Lar decides not to pester the guilder for more clothes, he doesn't want to make it angry.

Lar: "Miss guilder, I don't believe we've heard your name?"

guilder: "Is Weldexil"

Lar: "I'm known as Lar."

Domonic heads off towards the tower, the others choose to follow.

* * *

Rose: "so what was that Lar mentioned about a legend?"

Dom: "Lar thinks this place was built by the Sun-Cult Arkonnists: The Tearrendill,"

Lar: "I always did have trouble remembering names of things . . ."

Rose: "who are they?"

Dom: "nobody, they got wiped out about three hundred years ago. The Astranians called them out as being a threat to all other race, the other races bought the story Banded together and wiped the floor with em, end of story."
>>
No. 363580 ID: 35e1a0

rose "well the Astranians hate us too, so if these guys pissed them off then they are alright in my book"
>>
No. 363581 ID: a2fa74

>>363576
Rose is back to normal. Everybody else should try the water now.
>>
No. 363585 ID: b6edd6

>>363581
Why? In particular, the water would probably seriously harm Lar considering what the light did to him.
>>
No. 363594 ID: 1854db

Or it could cure his affliction.
>>
No. 363597 ID: 1444d5

>>363585
>>363594
Drip a little onto his skin. If it just burns, stay away. If it burns and leaves behind regular skin, then it's his call to take a swim in it or not.
>>
No. 363772 ID: f72f26
File 132050268602.jpg - (265.56KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin171.jpg )
363772

Dom: "We should take another look at that pool."

* * *

Dom: "maybe this thing will cure your mutations"

Lar: "I'd rather not touch it all the same . . ."
>>
No. 363775 ID: 453e62

put a drop of blood on the ground, then drip some of the liquid on it. if it turns back to normal looking then move to a single drop on his skin.
>>
No. 363782 ID: 8c0848

Time to science using that liquid. Work up to seeing if it kills Lar.
>>
No. 363788 ID: e3f578

>>363772
"You sure Lar? This shit is like some weird miracle substance and this is our only chance to take it. You could have a normal life with the Solars again if we escape, no racist assholes getting all hung up about radiation, mutation or anything like that. I'd say take a small risk here, just touch it a little bit."
>>
No. 363815 ID: 2563d4

>Beyond the statues Domonic can see another glowing passage leading into some sort of tower.
Alright, enough pissing about. Let's go.
>>
No. 363829 ID: e79d6a

>>363772

Shove Lar in.
>>
No. 363955 ID: f72f26
File 132060256148.jpg - (303.22KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin172.jpg )
363955

Domonic convinces Lar to help test the water.

Domonic puts some of the water on Lars blood it has no effect.

Lar touches the water.

Lar: "oooah! it burns!"
>>
No. 363957 ID: b6edd6

Yeah, I figured as much.
Since we don't have a container to store any in, we should just leave the pool for now and investigate that tunnel.
>>
No. 363958 ID: 453e62

examine the part he touched it with. did it cause an actual burn or does it look like it burned the toxins out of him or something?
>>
No. 363961 ID: a774ba

>>363958
We can't examine the part without exposing him to the light... let's move on for now. To yon tunnel.
>>
No. 364273 ID: 210977

>>363955

well, we tried. let's move on to the tunnel.
>>
No. 364287 ID: f72f26
File 132067823956.jpg - (430.74KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin173.jpg )
364287

the unlikely comrades approach the tower like structure.

at it's base they find a gate.

Rose: "that gate looks almost Solar in design, I wonder if that could be more than coincidence . . . "

Dom: "you heard Lar earlier, Solars didn't build this place. hell we couldn't have, this whole complex was buried under ruins ten years before we even made it to the sector."

Rose: "you think this goddess might have actually been a Solar?"

Dom: "what I think is that you aren't listening to a word I'm saying."
>>
No. 364288 ID: 453e62

rose: prance through the gate
>>
No. 364290 ID: 383006

Could it be some heretofor-unknown aliens that are secretly working with the Solars somehow? The coincidence is just too much. ALSO WE MUST INVESTIGATE THIS NOW.
>>
No. 364293 ID: 210977

poke a thing through the gate, see if it remains intact.
>>
No. 364331 ID: e79d6a

>>364287

Does anyone have a stick they could use to make sure that portal is legit?
>>
No. 364485 ID: a33eb4

I kinda agree with the stick option. Let's take things as slow and carefully as we can.
>>
No. 364496 ID: f72f26
File 132076824783.jpg - (426.76KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin174.jpg )
364496

Domonic picks up a nearby stick and tests it on the glowing service, the stick is unaffected by the process.

Dom: "It's not a gate."

Lar: "it isn't?"

Dom: "no It's just a light projection made to look like one, seems like there's still a passage on the other side though."
>>
No. 364506 ID: 63cf7a

>>364496
"Fucking prophecies. Why'd ya go and drag us into this shit?"

Dom: Go swim in the not-water. SCIENCE!
>>
No. 364507 ID: 453e62

everyone through the glowing door
>>
No. 364518 ID: 2563d4

Investigate passage.
>>
No. 364590 ID: 9173b6

Btw guys, how are your hunger levels? Injuries, that sort of thing. May as well take the time to see how we're doing.
>>
No. 364786 ID: f72f26
File 132089537933.jpg - (415.18KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin175.jpg )
364786

Dom:"come on let's go"

* * *

the four venture through the glowing door, unkowing as to what awaits them on the otherside . . .
>>
No. 364787 ID: f72f26
File 132089545987.jpg - (449.76KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin176.jpg )
364787

Secret level completed!
>>
No. 364789 ID: f72f26
File 132089582860.jpg - (300.68KB , 957x590 , Pinkskin177.jpg )
364789

curious as to what happens to your favorite heroes? never fear for their exiting adventures continue in the new quest GODSEED!!!

note: the quest GODSEED may or may not ever exist.
>>
No. 364791 ID: e79d6a

>>364787

Nice!
>>
No. 364857 ID: 2563d4

>the four venture
+1 slightly indifferent Guilder earned?
>>
No. 364863 ID: 210977

>>364857

the more, the merrier.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password