[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 230370)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 39865 unique user posts. View catalog

File 128442369077.gif - (8.96KB , 701x683 , 199.gif )
230370 No. 230370 ID: 05dd93

Nan is with Anna in the HOTEL ELEVATOR.
The elevator is rising. The destination is the third floor.

Nan is trying to catch her breath.
Anna asks her if she is all right.
Expand all images
>>
No. 230371 ID: 4531bc

Say no, and laugh maniacally.

Then say you're just kidding.
>>
No. 230372 ID: 70d9eb

Freak out at the gravity defying of the elevator.
>>
No. 230373 ID: 97cb33

not really. too much crazy shit.
>>
No. 230374 ID: a594b9

Be calm and collected (haha yeah right) while you tell her what's been happening to you.
>>
No. 230375 ID: dad664

Shake Anna like a ragdoll and scream "HOW IN THE NINE HELLS COULD I BE ALL RIGHT?!"
>>
No. 230376 ID: f44349

Say no. You are pretty not okay. But not injured... yet.
Then compare notes on what has happened to each of you so we can try and figure out what the FUCK.
>>
No. 230377 ID: 3416ec

Convey your state of health by freaking out at the gravity of the situation.

Again.
>>
No. 230378 ID: 05dd93
File 128442441059.gif - (7.56KB , 701x683 , 200.gif )
230378

Nan asks if the safe room is on the third or second floor. Anna says it is on the third floor and she must be confused from her ordeal.

Nan tries to stay collected, but after what she's been through, she's shaking and scared. Anna places a hand reassuringly on her shoulder and tells her she will feel better once she meets everyone.
>>
No. 230380 ID: 7c61f7

tell her you have seen yourself 5 minutes ago
>>
No. 230381 ID: 3416ec

Ask who "everyone" is.
>>
No. 230382 ID: a594b9

>>230378
Everyone? Who else is there?
>>
No. 230383 ID: 70d9eb

Ask Anna what her job is. Is she a taxi driver? Try to calm down and form a rapport with her.
>>
No. 230384 ID: a594b9

>>230380
Also that. We're pretty sure we just did some weird time travel thing where we chased ourselves down a corridor.
>>
No. 230386 ID: e33f0f

>>230378
ask about Pablo, and El Padre
>>
No. 230387 ID: e31d52

HUG HER

for comfort
>>
No. 230388 ID: 7c61f7

>>230387
to comfort yourself
>>
No. 230390 ID: 05dd93
File 128442498788.gif - (7.57KB , 701x683 , 201.gif )
230390

Nan tries to strike up conversation with Anna -- what she does for a living, for instance. Anna says she is an elevator operator.
Nan asks who "everyone" is and Anna says it would be better if she met them in person.

The HOTEL ELEVATOR arrives at the THIRD FLOOR LANDING.

Anna checks the hall in both directions, and it appears well-lit and empty. She asks Nan to come along.
>>
No. 230392 ID: d560d6

>>230390
Follow uncomfortably closely.

Don't step on the rug.
>>
No. 230393 ID: 9d07d9

Ask her how long she's been in the hotel.
>>
No. 230395 ID: 3416ec

Check under the rug for IED's or traps.
>>
No. 230396 ID: 7c61f7

ask if 4:66 mean anything for her
>>
No. 230399 ID: a594b9

>>230390
Let's move along. Inventory check?
>>
No. 230400 ID: 70d9eb

>>230390
Get the fuck out of the elevator before it falls and stand so close to Anna that you are both uncomfortable.
>>
No. 230402 ID: e33f0f

>>230390
ask how'd she get here
>>
No. 230403 ID: 05dd93
File 128442547768.gif - (12.17KB , 701x683 , 202.gif )
230403

Nan checks her pockets. She is carrying a BALLPOINT PEN, PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWDRIVER, CROSS PENDANT, MAGNIFYING GLASS, and an UNCASHED CHECK.

Nan asks a few nervous questions, but Anna doesn't know of any significance behind "4:66".
She also says she has spent one night here in the hotel. So this would be her second day here.

Nan and Anna arrive at ROOM 313. A cross is scrawled on the door. Anna knocks three times and identifies herself, saying she's arrived with a guest and needs to be let in.
>>
No. 230404 ID: e31d52

>>230403
So they are warded off by crosses?

EQUIP PENDANT
>>
No. 230405 ID: 10247c

>>230403
Ask if she came from the same town as us... perhaps the hotel travels or something?
>>
No. 230406 ID: 602d5d

be a rugrat

check under the rug
>>
No. 230407 ID: d560d6

>>230403
Examine the whatever-the-heck-that-is on the pedestal. Some kind of crazy vase?
>>
No. 230408 ID: 7c61f7

ask about the cross on the door
>>
No. 230410 ID: 9d07d9

Inspect that weird tiki-looking thing on the table.

Also follow her in.
>>
No. 230411 ID: 602d5d

Don't be a tool, look presentable!

oh and ask what's up with the rosaries/crosses
>>
No. 230413 ID: 05dd93
File 128442584860.gif - (7.07KB , 701x683 , 203.gif )
230413

Nan asks if the cross on the door wards off the... things. Anna says she doesn't think so herself, but every little bit helps, right?

Nan inspects the strange wooden carving by the door, and Anna heads inside, beckoning Nan to follow.
>>
No. 230414 ID: 7c61f7

follow in quick
>>
No. 230415 ID: 3416ec

>>230407
>>230410

Examine totem device. Failing anything interesting, ask Anna about totem device.
>>
No. 230417 ID: 3416ec

>>230415

Nevermind. ENTER ROOM!
>>
No. 230418 ID: d560d6

>>230413
Don't hang about; you'll miss the lesbian orgy.
>>
No. 230419 ID: 70d9eb

>>230413
Forget the totem, you don't want to be out there alone. You have some meeting to do.
>>
No. 230420 ID: 602d5d

GUYS NO the totem might be related to the harpoon fetus from RQ

Inspect that shit anyway then follow Anna Capcom beat-em-up style
>>
No. 230421 ID: 7c61f7

take totem
go in
in that order
>>
No. 230423 ID: a594b9

Leave the totem where it is, I think it's just part of the hotel's ambiance.
>>
No. 230424 ID: 6a17b0

>>230403
Evil Tiki Idol.
>>
No. 230425 ID: 05dd93
File 128442681424.gif - (13.18KB , 701x683 , 204.gif )
230425

Nan follows Anna into ROOM 313.
Here there are three other people. Anna goes around introducing them to Nan, from left to right: A stocky middle aged man in a worn brown hat named Anderson. Henry -- who Nan recognizes. And lastly, a young woman in glasses that Anna introduces as Kim.

The room is dirty and the painting on the back wall is torn apart, but this place seems to be stocked with a few provisions, cans of food and bottles of water.
>>
No. 230426 ID: e3f578

Totem Pole shall become the new Water Cooler. It shall always watch. It shall always plan. It shall always be.
>>
No. 230427 ID: e31d52

>>230425
Are you wearing the pendant? You should wear the pendant.
>>
No. 230428 ID: 9d07d9

Introduce yourself, then ask how they all got here.
>>
No. 230429 ID: d560d6

>>230425
Close the door after you.
>>
No. 230430 ID: 7c61f7

wait, isn't Henry going to be downstair in like 5 minute in te future?
>>
No. 230431 ID: e3f578

What? How in the hell did Henry get up here when he was unconscious downstairs just a bit ago? Is this one of those world warp things again. HENRY STOP EXISTING IN SO MANY DIFFERENT STATES! GEEZE!

What a troll, Henry.
>>
No. 230432 ID: 10247c

>>230425
I guess asking about how they came to be here would be a start.
>>
No. 230434 ID: 602d5d

Tell Henry to STOP BEING ALL OVER THE DAMN PLACE.
>>
No. 230435 ID: 05dd93
File 128442724427.gif - (7.40KB , 701x683 , 205.gif )
230435

Henry runs up to Nan and hugs her tightly. He shakes a little, saying he was so worried about her after she disappeared earlier, and he's so glad to see she's okay. This place isn't safe.
>>
No. 230436 ID: 7c61f7

calm Henry down a bit then inspect scrach on the ceilling
>>
No. 230437 ID: c71597

>>230425
Ask Henry what he's doing here. And if he has any plans on going downstairs in the near future.
>>
No. 230438 ID: 3416ec

>>This place isn't safe

NO KIDDING. Anyways, hug Henry back, and then ask what in the crazy hell is going on.
>>
No. 230439 ID: d560d6

>>230435
Hold Henry tightly so that he cannot get away and is forced into a state of quantum superposition.

Use your thighs.
>>
No. 230440 ID: e33f0f

>>230435
ask him the obvious of how the hell he got here. also check ceiling
>>
No. 230442 ID: 602d5d

1. Step away from mysterious crack on the ceiling

2. HUG TOM

I mean Henry
>>
No. 230443 ID: 97cb33

ask henry to prove he is the real henry. ask how they got food the last time.
>>
No. 230444 ID: 602d5d

>>230439
also this
>>
No. 230446 ID: 14466e

Anyone have a link to the other 3 parts of this?
>>
No. 230447 ID: 7c61f7

>>230446
the wiki page has one
>>
No. 230448 ID: 7c61f7

>>230446
http://quest.lv/wiki/NanQuest
here you go
>>
No. 230449 ID: 70d9eb

Ask everyone what their occupation is, so you know a bit more about them and what they are capable of.
>>
No. 230451 ID: 602d5d

>>230449
Why am I suddenly reminded of Maniac Mansion?
>>
No. 230452 ID: e3f578

Is Henry really your boyfriend? I am freaking out about this.
>>
No. 230453 ID: a594b9

>>230435
Ask what happened to him after you smashed the mirror. Also, ask if he remembers anything about you two living together.

Notice the crack on the ceiling.
>>
No. 230454 ID: 05dd93
File 128442809884.gif - (10.04KB , 701x683 , 206.gif )
230454

Nan introduces herself and Henry says now that everyone's here, they might as well go over some information.

Anna interjects and says there's still one more person around here somewhere, but he went out against advisement -- sort of a strange fellow. She didn't get his name. Nan appends that Pablo is still out there somewhere, but after giving Anna his description, she says the person in question must not have been Pablo.

Anna seems as eager for answers as anyone, and begins by introducing herself: She's been here for one night. She came here to respond to an ad about a job available as an elevator operator in the hotel, but found herself trapped after coming inside.
Nan tells her story: She's an electrician who came here to fix an outlet, and after that couldn't leave.
Henry explains that he is a businessman who was traveling and had to stop here for the night. He had barely unpacked when he ran into Nan and came to realize their situation. He's been here about as long as Nan.
Kim speaks calmly, telling her tale. She is a college student from a nearby town that Nan recognizes, who was passing through on her way home. She stopped at the hotel in the night and was likewise trapped. She's been trapped here an entire week.
Anderson says he is an ex-US Marshall. He came to stay at the hotel just to see it, since it just recently went up. But he ran into the same troubles. He's been here for two weeks.
>>
No. 230455 ID: d560d6

>>230454
You have let go of Henry. This course of action is inadvisable.

Also, try to spin tales out of Anderson since two weeks must have given him some insight to any broken logic the place may follow.
>>
No. 230456 ID: 3416ec

>>ex-US Marshall

He knows CQC then, right?
>>
No. 230457 ID: 602d5d

>>230454
Since Anderson's been here the longest (he's been here the longest, right?) ask him about the monsters and how he manages to get food and water.
>>
No. 230459 ID: 10247c

>>230454
Two weeks? How much food is in this place? Does stuff just keep appearing, probably I mean look at at all these weird monsters.
>>
No. 230460 ID: b10c0e

Check tiny hook near ceiling. Ask everyone about Padre. Ask every one WHAT THE FUCK! Ask everyone for room. Breath Heavily. Hug self. Vomit. Ask >>230443. Sob. Hold head.
>>
No. 230461 ID: a594b9

>>230454
Ask for a general description of the guy that went out alone.

Describe your encounter with the guy in that burning room.
>>
No. 230462 ID: a594b9

>>230460
That was Pablo we got food with though. Henry just changed in front of us then turned into a monster after we smashed the mirror.
>>
No. 230465 ID: 3416ec

Okay, NOW freak out at the gravity of the situation. Again.
>>
No. 230466 ID: 602d5d

>>230435
Anyone else notice that hook?
What would a ceiling hook be doing in the corner of the ceiling?
>>
No. 230467 ID: 05dd93
File 128442885760.gif - (9.12KB , 701x683 , 207.gif )
230467

Nan and Anna are both full of questions. Together they ask if anyone knows what's going on, but are met only with silence. It seems the whole of the situation is still out of grasp.

Nan asks what Anderson knows -- where he's been getting food, how he's been staying alive. He responds simply, and his voice is gravelly: He's been going to the janitor's closet and the kitchen to get food and water when necessary. Somehow they haven't run out yet. He stays in the light and doesn't let his guard down. That's how he's still alive -- because he's not about to die here, in this place. Not without even knowing what it is.



There is a long silence.
Kim speaks almost in a whisper and suggests that perhaps he is already dead. Perhaps they all are, and this is hell. Or heaven.
At this point, she asks, would they even know the difference?
>>
No. 230468 ID: a594b9

>>230467
Well, we're not gonna find out what's going on here by sitting around doing nothing.

Which rooms did everyone get assigned? Could be a pattern.
>>
No. 230469 ID: b10c0e

...Slap Kim. "Pull yourself togeather, man!" Pose as team, because shit has to be real?
>>
No. 230471 ID: 602d5d

Oh God, Kim's the downer. Time to put her on the list of bitches to slap.


Also maybe ask if you can get a physical description of the guy who disappeared.
>>
No. 230472 ID: 7c61f7

>>perhaps he is already dead. Perhaps they all are
no this is not lost
>>
No. 230473 ID: d677cc

>>230467
Anderson why did you say that you are so going to die now.
>>
No. 230474 ID: 3416ec

Think, Nan! How do we get out of here?
>>
No. 230475 ID: 70d9eb

>>230467
Being dead or not does not change our course of action. Ask for a description of the lost member of their crew and ask them what rooms they've checked if any, see if you can form a rough map of the hotel so you can try and do a sweep of it to find Pablo and the other guy. All of you going together while holding hands, of course.
>>
No. 230476 ID: e3f578

Is Alan the guy that went away? I wish we had a description. I just read part 3 again. I know Pablo said he got carved by the pilgrim but still...

Maybe the name might trigger. Also does Anderson sound like Keith Davids? I hope he sounds like Keith Davids. He probably sounds like Kieth Davids.
>>
No. 230477 ID: ea2a3c

Ask if they've noticed anything strange going on with the lighting. This should concern you both as an electrician, and also when you tell them that the lights have been going out unpredictably ever since you got here. Staying in the light just doesn't seem like a viable option here...
>>
No. 230478 ID: 05dd93
File 128442967528.gif - (7.25KB , 701x683 , 208.gif )
230478

Nan steps up and tells Kim not to be such a downer, but Kim insists she's serious.

She asks Nan to think about it: What's the last thing she remembers, before she came here?
>>
No. 230480 ID: d97d76

>>230467
Reassure Kim that if any of you were dead, you would most likely remember the whole "dying" part.

Ask Henry if he knows anything about 4:66 or any other mysteriously recurring numbers.
>>
No. 230481 ID: a594b9

>>230478
We went and fixed the power at the arcade.
>>
No. 230482 ID: 7c61f7

>>230478
waking up, then going to an arcade then going to the hotel
>>
No. 230483 ID: 97cb33

eating a pizza.
>>
No. 230484 ID: 70d9eb

>>230478
Hum a show tune.
>>
No. 230485 ID: 3416ec

>>230478

We woke up, took a shower, got dressed, fixed the power at an arcade, ate pizza, and came to this paradoxical hotel.

Ask her what SHE remembers.
>>
No. 230486 ID: dad664

>>230478
We fixed a broken fusebox for a local Arcade. Ate some pizza. Came here. Couldn't leave.
>>
No. 230487 ID: 602d5d
File 128442990718.png - (10.27KB , 701x683 , kim.png )
230487

KIM

oh and ask Anna if this place has some sort of map/fire escape route/etc. She works here, doesn't she?
>>
No. 230489 ID: 05dd93
File 128443009912.gif - (6.67KB , 701x683 , 209.gif )
230489

Nan says that before she came here, she went to the arcade, fixed some electric wiring, then came here and had pizza.

Kim insists Nan consider her story. How was she eating the pizza? Is that the last thing that happened while coming here? Could she have choked?
>>
No. 230490 ID: a594b9

>>230489
Well I GUESS we were riding the bike while eating the pizza but it's not that hard, c'mon.
>>
No. 230492 ID: d97d76

>>230489
Yes, clearly we choked and this is Pizza Hell.
>>
No. 230493 ID: 602d5d

>>230489
SHIT.

We could have electrocuted ourselves trying to fix the fuse box.
>>
No. 230494 ID: 10247c

>>230489
Wait what about the time we woke up and Henry was our boyfriend and then we ended up here? What was that all about?
>>
No. 230495 ID: 44d67c

>>230480
Preeetty much. I mean, Nan may be kindof a slacker, but we'd like to think she'd remember an event like that. If not distinctly, at least a recollection of bad things!
Also, if we were dead, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't get hungry.

Anyway, until proven otherwise, we should operate under the idea that we're alive. And if you ARE dead, then you're at least going to try to get out of here and to someplace nicer. Because this sucks, and we're not going to stay here if we can possibly help it.
We've got nothing to lose by trying, right?
>>
No. 230496 ID: 3416ec

>>230489

WE ARE NOT DEAD.

This hotel is simply the place for holding the Source. The light in all of us. Padre is the smoke monster. Nan is Jack. Anna is Kate. Anderson is Locke. UP IS DOWN. FORWARD IS BACKWARD! JACOB IS LOOKING FOR AN ISLAND REPLACEMENT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.
>>
No. 230498 ID: dad664

>>230489
While riding our bike. Probably not the smartest move in the book, come to think of it.

Acknowledge that -is- possible that a life-terminating event could have occurred, but you think you would remember being electrocuted or being hit by a car!
>>
No. 230499 ID: 7c61f7
File 128443044878.gif - (12.61KB , 701x683 , 125506878228.gif )
230499

I see kim in this picture. am i the only one
>>
No. 230500 ID: e33f0f

>>230489
no, or we would remember. so either we are working under the pretense that this whole "day" we've been dead, in which case it doesnt matter because theres nothing we can do about that now, not that it affects anything of our current situation. Or that we somehow died without us remembering and are here, which also makes the whole thing moot. It doesnt matter if we are dead or not.
>>
No. 230501 ID: 05dd93
File 128443055584.gif - (9.08KB , 701x683 , 210.gif )
230501

Nan explains that on consideration, she was eating the pizza while riding her bike. She checked the work order briefly.

Kim suddenly points.
She announces that must be it. She was riding her bike down a busy street, while eating pizza AND reading. It would only have taken a split second of distraction and she could have been struck by an automobile.

Nan is about to insist that she would remember such a thing when Anderson speaks up. He says there's another problem with Nan's story: This town doesn't have an arcade.

Nan's memory feels hazy. Surely she would have remembered an incident like that? But then... she's starting to have trouble keeping things clear. She remembers Henry, somehow, but... was it even real?
>>
No. 230502 ID: c71597

>>230489
Ask her if being dead would change anything. You would still be stuck with the same problem and the only way to go would still be forward. This is a situation where there needs to alot of focus on the now and how to solve problems in the now.

Get some more info from Anderson as well. Ask him how many others he has met here. If any of them are still alive, how they died if they're not alive. Information that might help all of you to stay alive for a bit longer.

And you should probably mention the funky time that's at work here, and that they shouldn't be too surprised if they run into another version of themselves.
>>
No. 230503 ID: a594b9

>>230501
Ask everyone what year it is.

THIS IS IMPORTANT.
>>
No. 230504 ID: 70d9eb

>>230501
Ask if the town USED to have an arcade.
>>
No. 230505 ID: 3416ec

Punch Kim in snout to establish dominance.
>>
No. 230507 ID: a594b9

Note: The arcade had just opened when we went to fix the power.
>>
No. 230508 ID: 10247c

Wait how are we all telling time in here? I mean, we can't see the outside and something seems to be wrong with most of the clocks we find.
>>
No. 230509 ID: dad664

>>230501
COUNTER-POINT.

The Arcade had a "Now Open" sign, it's highly possible that it had opened during the two weeks he's been trapped here.
>>
No. 230510 ID: 3416ec

>>230503

Wait, do this instead.
>>
No. 230511 ID: 70d9eb

>>230503
Also ask them what town they were in when they entered the hotel.
>>
No. 230512 ID: 7c61f7

>>230501
the arcade just open, he's has been here for 2 week it is posible he does'nt know that ther was one
>>
No. 230515 ID: 602d5d

OBJECTION!!
The arcade was brand new, and he's been in here for two weeks.

Oh, and ask what year it is, too. Freak out if you get different answers.
>>
No. 230519 ID: b10c0e

Tell Kim to stuff it. Tell Anderson he's awesome but we're top dog here. Go check the bathroom for mirrors and demons.
>>
No. 230521 ID: e2161f

Actually, ask if the others have fuzzy memories like that.

Kim's theory is interesting and all, but it wouldn't hold water if someone else was in a circumstance that normally wouldn't lead to them dying. It might just be coincidence.

Of course, if -everyone- have very clear "something bad could have happened" scenarios, that's at least a bit suspicious... all the same, it doesn't mean her theory holds water.

One thing, are we even talking about the same town here?
>>
No. 230523 ID: ea2a3c

Okay, Kim. Dead people see, they just kind of lie there and decompose. They don't walk around, get trapped in strange hotels or give each other big warmhearted hugs. Whatever happened to land you in this situation, you're all clearly not dead. In a puzzlebox world, a bizarre twilight zonesque half reality, sure. Whether you were transported to this mystical land of really bad wiring by getting hit by a bus or by walking through the hotel lobby doors is irrelevant. You can't prove the past so why worry about it? Either way we're busting you out of this hotel and off this planet so you can hide out on the moon and have like a million babies.

Seriously Nan, grab Kim and push her hand up to your heart. She needs to feel your heart beating.
>>
No. 230526 ID: 05dd93
File 128443130788.gif - (10.79KB , 701x683 , 211.gif )
230526

So far everyone has described coming from the same town in their stories.

Kim interrupts Anderson and corrects him, saying there IS an arcade. She's been going there for years.
Anderson replies that if there was a penny arcade in town he'd know.

A very sickly feeling crawls up from Nan's stomach.
She turns and asks very slowly what year everyone thinks this is.
>>
No. 230529 ID: 05dd93
File 12844313647.gif - (10.88KB , 701x683 , 212.gif )
230529

There's a long pause as everyone seems to wonder if Nan is serious. Anna finally speaks up with a shrug.

She says it's 1936.
...Isn't it?
>>
No. 230530 ID: 9d07d9

ohshi-
>>
No. 230531 ID: 7c61f7

>>230499
>>230529
told ya
>>
No. 230532 ID: dad664

...somebody call The Doctor.

There's Timey-Wimey going on.
>>
No. 230534 ID: 602d5d

Arcades? In 1936? Call her out on her bullshit.
>>
No. 230535 ID: 3416ec

>>230529

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.
>>
No. 230536 ID: 44d67c

... No. No it is not.
EVERYONE SOUND OFF THEIR YEARS OF ORIGIN
>>
No. 230537 ID: e3f578

It is 2009? Yes no? I forgot.
>>
No. 230538 ID: a594b9

>>230529
Hehehehehehehehehehehe
>>
No. 230540 ID: c71597

>>230529
Thought it seemed out of date with elevator operators.

Point out to them that this building takes time and makes it to the house's bitch. Time gets all sorts of fucked up inside this place. Probably because of some sort of mystical mumbo jumbo sciency stuff. But hey, maybe you get lucky and the next one trapped here that survives for long enough to join up with you is a theoretical quantum physicist. That should clear things up and make them more confusing than ever before.
>>
No. 230542 ID: dad664

>>230534
>A penny arcade can be any type of venue for coin-operated devices, usually for entertainment. This included early forms of pinball and fortune-telling machinery of the 1930s and slot machines. Vending machines may also be considered in this category. The name derives from the penny, once a staple coin for such machines.
>>
No. 230544 ID: 70d9eb

>>230534
She didn't say anything about arcades. And penny arcades were prevalent in the 1930s up to the 1950s.
Elevator operator in 1936 is easily plausible.
Get everyone's year of origin, and tell them yours.
>>
No. 230545 ID: 7c61f7
File 128443185679.jpg - (22.29KB , 250x288 , stephen_hawking.jpg )
230545

>>230540
you called me?
>>
No. 230546 ID: 50727d

>>230529
And then the space-time continuum cracked in several pieces and everyone had some time cake.

But seriously, ask them all what year are they from before you pass out.
>>
No. 230547 ID: 602d5d

>>230544
That makes sense.

Either ask if this arcade has Street Fighter 2, or just ask for the year everyone can last remember.

EVERYONE. Including Nan if she can recall.
>>
No. 230548 ID: 3e7f27

Also ask if anyone has a clock, or knows the correct time.
>>
No. 230549 ID: 1a99f0

>>230548
i'm not sure there IS a correct time here...
>>
No. 230552 ID: 3e7f27

>>230549
If there isn't, that's a good enough excuse to set one. Most ALARM CLOCKs have that feature, right? :)
>>
No. 230553 ID: 50727d

>>230549
They're from different years, but it doesn't mean they're from different timezones.
They all seem to be from the same town after all.
>>
No. 230554 ID: d7edf3

The time is . . . 4:66.
>>
No. 230555 ID: 10247c

>>230529
yall fucked.
>>
No. 230557 ID: 05dd93
File 128443273070.gif - (10.28KB , 701x683 , 213.gif )
230557

Nan asks everyone what year it was when they came here. She starts by saying she arrived in December of 2009.
Kim appends by saying they should also list the last thing they remember prior to all this weirdness starting.

Anna says the year is 1936. May. She went into the hotel but no one was around, so she used the elevator to get a feel for it. It started making strange noises, then the lights went out, and when they came on she felt like something was chasing her, so she fled.
Kim nods quietly and mutters something about the elevator to herself.

Anderson says the year is 1912, late July. The hotel was still partially under construction when he arrived, after several years of going up. He passed by some carpenters and laborers, all working busily as he entered the hotel. As soon as he stepped inside, he knew something was wrong.
Kim asks if anyone was on scaffolding where he passed, and Anderson says yes.

Henry says it is June of 1946. As he said, he was out on business when he stopped here. No one was at the front desk and he was exhausted, so he grabbed a key and took a room. He drew a bath, relaxed in it, and just as he closed his eyes he heard someone in his room -- Nan.
Kim asks if he was tired enough to fall asleep. Henry shrugs.

Kim nods again and wraps up with herself: 2016. August. The last thing she remembers is tripping over the threshold while coming inside. She says hit her head pretty bad.
Worse than she thought, maybe.
>>
No. 230560 ID: 602d5d

>>230557
Oh god, NOW we're fucked.
>>
No. 230561 ID: dad664

>>230557
Point at Kim and say "I saw you, at the arcade, with your sibling. You were younger though. Hi, again, if you can remember back that far."

Draw upon any knowledge of science-fiction shows you may have to come up with a plausible description of the current situation. Technobabble is a plus.
>>
No. 230562 ID: a594b9

>>230557
Anna entered the hotel, and nobody was around? She was already trapped by then of course. Kim's theory has yet to apply to her. I guess we could ask her what happened before she entered.
>>
No. 230563 ID: 70d9eb

>>230557
Ask Henry what he did after he saw you in his room.
And ask Kim if she remembers seeing a female electrician goat on the opening of the arcade.
>>
No. 230564 ID: 40cb26

>>230557
Tell Kim that you think you saw her in the arcade in '09. Did she... ever see you?
>>
No. 230566 ID: 602d5d

Anderson is the only person who ever saw anybody in the hotel.

THIS MIGHT BE A CLUE
>>
No. 230567 ID: 50727d

>>230557
Let's think:
What does an electrician, an ex-US Marshal, a businessman, a college student and an elevator operator have in common?

Wait... what does Kim study?
>>
No. 230568 ID: 3e7f27

>>230562
+1. Anna and Henry arrived at the hotel first. Unless there's something about the hotel itself that "traps ghosts" whether they arrive before or after death, they don't fit Kim's neat little theory.
>>
No. 230569 ID: 3e7f27

>>230566
Also an excellent point. When Anderson says he "knew something was wrong", does he mean he had a foreboding, or was it more blatant?
>>
No. 230570 ID: 44d67c

>>230557
Yeah, but if we had died while riding our bike... we'd have died outside the hotel, whereas everyone else would have died inside. This invalidates your argument, Kim. If it were just everyone who died in town that ended up here, the place would be a lot more full.
Anyway, stop being depressing Kim!
>>
No. 230572 ID: 9d07d9

Nan seems to be the only one who was actually called to the Hotel, rather than happening inside by chance. Perhaps she has some purpose there beyond the others.

Ask the others if they've experienced any sort of blackouts or weird memory stuff.
>>
No. 230576 ID: 3e7f27

>>230572
No, there's the elevator guy too. Apparently something resembling management exists, at least from the outside.
>>
No. 230579 ID: 602d5d

>>230570
Kim may have hit her head and died, whereas Henry could have drowned in the bathtub, if that's the tangent we're going off of.

Would having Pablo's side of this be any use? If so, we should probably find him.
>>
No. 230580 ID: 3416ec

Grill Kim on her origins and occupation.
>>
No. 230581 ID: e31d52

I propose: The Hotel attracts people via event, and feeds upon their fear. It feeds them, keeps them alive, kills those less nourishing, and barely lets the others live.

Each person is brought here by events that seem normal to them. Commonplace. Thus they have no defence against the consumption.

You're all being digested.
>>
No. 230582 ID: e3f578

Alan, ask who he was or that if they know him.
>>
No. 230584 ID: 602d5d
File 128443399775.jpg - (81.22KB , 566x755 , monster_house.jpg )
230584

>>230581
>>
No. 230587 ID: 50727d

>>230581
Even if that's a good theory, it still doesn't explain why they are from different years.

Hold on...
Anderson seems to be the oldest, and he comes from 1912
Then Anna, who seems a little younger, from 1936
Henry, even younger from 1946
Then Nan, from 2009
Finally Kim, the youngest from 2016

Is there a connection here?!
>>
No. 230589 ID: 602d5d

>>230587
The house is developing a thing for young girls.

Next it will go after your children!
>>
No. 230590 ID: 602d5d

>>230589
I mean hotel.
>>
No. 230591 ID: 50727d

>>230589
OH GOD!! PEDHOTEL!!! D:
>>
No. 230593 ID: 05dd93
File 128443547735.gif - (8.03KB , 701x683 , 214.gif )
230593

Nan grills Kim on a few more details: Why would the hotel have already been empty then? Why would they have come here, especially in Nan's case, where she would have "died" outside the hotel? What happened to the people who SHOULD be here?

Kim shrugs under Nan's barrage of questions and calmly explains that she doesn't have all the answers -- in a place like this, who could? -- but she's doing her best to piece it together. It doesn't seem logical or rational, but nothing about this hotel does. They may as well be in hell right now.

Nan asks if she or anyone else has seen Pablo or any other guests. Henry says he ran into Pablo briefly, but didn't get his story.
>>
No. 230595 ID: a594b9

>>230593
Well if we ARE dead then what is there to be afraid of? Let's get out there and face our fears. Travel in a group is safer yes?
>>
No. 230596 ID: e31d52

>>230587
It's simple. It slows the aging of its occupants. Now, the fact that the ages match up with when they were taken implies that the house does NOT exist outside of time, but alongside it. It appears briefly, taking a person with it each time. Perhaps it's discovered that younger people are in fact easier to frighten, and is thus moving towards them as targets, as well as women, for whatever reason.

Wait.

There's two guys, here, and three young ladies.

Dear god, it's trying to breed food while you're in it.
>>
No. 230597 ID: 602d5d

>>230593
Okay, so we're from different periods of time. We may or may not be dead, and we may or not be in hell. So what? This place sucks. Lets get our asses out of here. Unless no one else has any ideas, we should go find Pablo just to complete the orgy.

I mean group.

Maybe find more info on this Alan dude.
>>
No. 230598 ID: ea2a3c

>>230596

That still doesn't explain who telephoned Nan and asked for her services in fixing the wiring of this hotel. I don't think this is an unsolvable mystery. You all came from different times, but you are all here now. There's got to be something you can do about it... some meaning to it all. Time is of the essence, now!
>>
No. 230599 ID: 14466e

Ran into Pablo briefly? Wtf does that mean? Ask him where he saw Pablo, and if anyone else noticed that fire earlier. Also ask whats up with the cross and the wooden totem thing outside the door.
>>
No. 230603 ID: e31d52

>That still doesn't explain who telephoned Nan and asked for her services in fixing the wiring of this hotel.

Perhaps when people die here they are 'conscripted' to help get more people? Eh.
>>
No. 230605 ID: 701a19

>>230593
Do you have anything with words written on it?
Try to read it.
>>
No. 230610 ID: 50727d

>>230598
First things first. We need to check everyone's inventory. We need some light source to use as a weapon, food and water, and we need to find out what does 4:66 means.
>>
No. 230614 ID: e3f578

You know if Henry is from the 1940's you'd think he'd be more bashful rather than playful when you caught him earlier. Ask if he was a lot more open minded then most of the other people of his time.
>>
No. 230615 ID: 05dd93
File 12844365877.gif - (9.68KB , 701x683 , 215.gif )
230615

HEY!

Nan tells everyone to wake the fuck up. She was just chased by a horrible monster from a burning room into a visage of herself, so if anyone should be having a total fucking meltdown right now, it's her. But she's too damn preoccupied with getting out to worry about what the hell is going on with the years or whether or not they're dead. All that matters right now is that they're here, and they need to not be here. The only way that'll happen is if they all work together.

Nan asks if anyone knows where Pablo or the other guest absent are.
>>
No. 230616 ID: 05dd93
File 128443674748.gif - (6.66KB , 701x683 , 216.gif )
230616

Anderson takes a small puff from his cigar and nods quietly by the wall.
He says he saw Pablo the first time about a week and a half ago. He seems a little suspicious, but what doesn't in this god-forsaken place? He says the other man is named Santiago. He doesn't seem to want to stick with the group though, but he'll probably be out on the second floor. That's where he said he was going.
He also saw Alan, who was later found carved to pieces by the Pilgrim.

Oh, he says, he knows the Pilgrim. And the Padre. And the Beast. Doesn't know much about them, but he's seen them. Knows they're not on the same side. Stay far away.
If you see the Beast, he tells Nan, just run. Just run, and don't stop.
>>
No. 230617 ID: f82d85
File 128443720766.jpg - (31.50KB , 416x300 , ood.jpg )
230617

>>230616

The Beast and his armies shall rise from the pit to make war against God.

Apologies. I meant, inquire about the Beast.
>>
No. 230619 ID: 602d5d
File 128443733296.png - (27.66KB , 1078x1384 , baddies.png )
230619

Nanquest Survival Guide
>>
No. 230620 ID: dad664

>>230619
oh god why did I lol
>>
No. 230621 ID: 50727d

>>230619
fuckin' lol'd
>>
No. 230622 ID: 6a17b0

>>230610

I think it's the Fourth floor, 66th room.
>>
No. 230623 ID: 6a17b0

>>230619
OH LOL.
>>
No. 230628 ID: 602d5d
File 128443782344.png - (25.60KB , 1156x1109 , thepilgrim.png )
230628

Alan was carved by the Pilgrim
>>
No. 230630 ID: 6a17b0

>>230628
Damnit Yattermang, this is serious!
lol
>>
No. 230634 ID: e3f578

Inform Anderson that smoking is unhealthy since the 1950's when it was discovered the shit rots your lungs. Or not and give him a thumbs up for being such a cool bro.
>>
No. 230635 ID: 602d5d

LETS ROUND 'EM UP

Inventory check , find lights and maybe rations if we have to suddenly duck in a room for a night or longer

NOBODY SPLIT UP EVER
>>
No. 230637 ID: 50727d

>>230635
This. Now.

Splitting up means certain death. so DON'T.
>>
No. 230639 ID: 1a99f0

ask anderson what he knows about the beast, little as it may be, then ask what happened to henry after nan threw the lamp.
>>
No. 230642 ID: 476456

splitting up means you'll get split up


into pieces.
>>
No. 230644 ID: e3f578

Damn straight, we gang up on the Padre in a good old fashioned beatdown.
>>
No. 230651 ID: ff0a7c

>>230644
That guy was engulfed in fire but he just put on his 'this is me giving a fuck' face; lets not.
Try to find a way to save Pablo. He was nice enough to save your goat hind, it's only fair you return the favor.
>>
No. 230660 ID: 50727d

Well, just for now let's check what we have:
weapons?
flashlights?
rations?
scape plans? Anderson must know how things work around here if he's been here for two weeks.
>>
No. 230663 ID: 602d5d

>>230637
Not so much as "death" just "annoying time fuckery".
>>
No. 230667 ID: 04b0cf

Bring up the subject of the Beast. It apparently rests in the courtyard, the only OUTDOOR location to be reached. In all likelihood THAT is the way out. We will have to figure out a way around it eventually...
>>
No. 230669 ID: 14466e

Assign buddies, two groups of two and one group of three. These people should and will NOT leave each other's sight. Divvy up any weapons, things possibly used as weapons (broom handles, etc), and food equally among these groups.

Set up a watch for when you guys sleep, two awake at a time, to ensure no danger. That's if you guys sleep.

I nominate Anderson as leader of the group, he was a US Marshal and would be of the most help.

Check any phones you have.
>>
No. 230671 ID: ff0a7c

>>230667
Do we have day and night cycles? Most of the baddies avoid the light, so if it's day then maybe it's safe to go out into the courtyard; just don't get lost in a hedge maze during sundown nonononono.
>>
No. 230673 ID: ff0a7c

>>230669
Anderson doesn't seem the leader type, plus he's probably only out to save his own skin
>>
No. 230675 ID: b9bd4f

>>230622
Tell them about the creepy 4:66 thing, and how it may mean a certain room in the hotel. Its the only lead we have at the moment.
>>
No. 230678 ID: 40cb26

Hey Nan if this place is all messed up with time and you seem to have seen yourself, it's pretty clear that was just a near-future you. So if it happens again, you'll know what to do, and what not to do, because you already did, and didn't.
>>
No. 230693 ID: 3416ec

>>230678

Ow, my brain.
>>
No. 230694 ID: 6a17b0

>>230693
now think of what would've happened had future Nan talked to past Nan about present Nan's condition.
>>
No. 230698 ID: e3f578

>>230694
And wearing a Sombrero from 24 hours into the future.

If no one gets that I am dissapoint you have no taste in good webcomics. Also fits this whole spanish theme anyway. HOLY SHIT WE NEED TO GET A SOMBERO
>>
No. 230740 ID: cf4942

>>230587
Wait where did you get these dates from? I can't find it.
>>
No. 230741 ID: cf4942

>>230740
Oh apparently I missed some stuff in the middle. Ignore me!
>>
No. 230745 ID: d585fc

Out of morbid curiosity, what does the Beast look like?

And why has the painting in this room been torn out?
>>
No. 230746 ID: cf4942

Nan and Kim are closest in age, and may have come from the same town.

If Nan DID die, there may have been a newspaper article about it. We did, it seems, see Kim in the arcade.

Nan: Ask Kim if she remembers hearing about a goat-electrician being struck by a car the day the arcade opened. Or even if she didn't pay attention to the news then, if she remembers her parents becoming more restrictive about bicycling, more insistent on wearing a helmet, etc.

Also:
Should we tell them about how we're going to find Henry in 10 to 20 minutes, and the weird time-travel crap we just experienced?
>>
No. 230762 ID: 3bfa2b

well, point here is that there is no true free will...
unless there is.
If there is, we can change the past, and the future based on our actions in this 4th dimensional hotel.

It also means the only way to take out the monsters is to face them against each other...

weapons are of no use.

Welcome to silent hotel.
>>
No. 230772 ID: 97cb33

>>230762
no, next time nan sees herself she needs to double team with herself. 2 nans are better then 1.
>>
No. 230774 ID: 90ee8f

>>230762
>>230772
I suspect creating a temporal paradox, ESPECIALLY in a weaver-story, is bad idea. I almost think the reason Padre chose not to attack Nan and Pablo in the hallway was to *avoid* risking a paradox..

/Why he would wish to avoid that, I don't know.
>>
No. 230777 ID: 98cc2f

Let's keep questioning the others, especially Andersen, about practical concerns: what escape routes have been tried, what kind of stuff (like busting defenseless alarm clocks) will attract unwanted attention, whether there was anything unusual about the hotel from outside.

Also, how has the cross on the door not repaired itself, like the vase a few chapters ago? Maybe we could start systematically breaking stuff in order to tell where we are in the hotel's timeline.
>>
No. 230781 ID: 9618e3

Ask Henry what he meant when he said Nan 'disappeared'. When was the last time he saw her? What happened since then?
>>
No. 230786 ID: 50727d

Uhh... do you guys remember when Nan tried to open the window only to find out it was blocked with bricks?
Could that mean that when that happened, the hotel was still under construction?? Like if Nan went through a time loop or something?
>>
No. 230819 ID: 602d5d

>>230774
As far as we know, the encounter with Padre in the the fiery kitchen (it was a kitchen, right?) could be a moment from the future, like our choices up to that point would cause that encounter to happen.

As long as we have some sort of way of knowing what bad events are in the past, and what are in the future, we can be sure not to alter the past ones to avoid nasty time paradoxes, and plan ways to avoid the the future ones.

This is all assuming we'll have another blackout and end up in some random spot in time.
>>
No. 230826 ID: 90ee8f

>>230819
Actually I had started to consider that: It DID have to be 'elsewhere/when', since normally NOTHING is on the other side of the double-doors.

I do think if we ever realize we CAN create a paradox and Padre is present, that it would be interesting to threaten to do so and see how he reacts.
>>
No. 230828 ID: 3416ec

Please make all relevant discussion in the Discussion thread, please.

http://quest.lv/kusaba/questdis/res/314097.html
>>
No. 230850 ID: 1c66c2

I know OP hasn't drawn anything here for a few hours, but I'm going to suggest an idea anyway since this is still on the front page.

Ask politely to check what everyone's inventories are for clues about the hotel. In return have Nan say what she has discovered such as the alarm clock and the cross to establish trust and to keep everyone in the loop.
>>
No. 230873 ID: 8bdc80

Find heavy shit.
Put it on the end of something long.
Tear this motherfucker the fuck down.
Fire and steel and gravity.
Raze the Hell Hotel to the ground.
And if anyone or anything gives you shit, bring them the crushing and the heat.
>>
No. 230876 ID: 4a196b

Ask Anderson how he made a pack of cigarettes last 2 weeks, or ask him how many he has on him, maybe we can get a smoke?
>>
No. 230923 ID: 05dd93
File 128452713893.gif - (10.80KB , 701x683 , 217.gif )
230923

Nan begins to formulate a plan of action. She restates that no matter what the nature of this place -- whether they're dead or alive -- none of that matters. This place is clearly not good and they need to get out now.

Nan asks Anderson what he knows about this place. He's been here the longest, he must have some insight.

He takes a puff and begins.
The Hotel was built only recently, at least for him, he says. The spot of land it was built on has been open for a long time. Before that, when he was a kid, he remembers the remnants of a Spanish Mission, but it was gone long before.
As for the place itself, it's hard to understand. Everything seems to be moving around and changing. It's hard to rely on anything. He says he's tried the doors and windows enough times to know they don't open, except to lead somewhere you probably don't want to be. But never out.
The courtyard at the center of the hotel has some windows opening to it but he's never tried crossing over into it, because that's where the Beast lives. A huge animal, as black as night, feral and vicious. Cold and unthinking. It comes into the Hotel sometimes -- he's seen it twice inside now, he says.
He states again light seems to be their only true defense from the three primary threats here.
He's stockpiled some food here from the kitchen and janitor's closet, and they have little in the way of defense. Anna has a kitchen knife, Kim has a taser she brought here, Henry has a club made from a chair leg, and Anderson himself carries a revolver with a few shots remaining.
As for Nan's inquiry about items, he says that he has a few, and no offense intended to the little lady, but he feels more comfortable holding onto them himself than giving them to a stranger.
>>
No. 230924 ID: 05dd93
File 128452719318.gif - (27.00KB , 701x683 , 218.gif )
230924

Nan asks Anderson how he managed to make his cigars last 2 weeks.
He pauses a moment, glancing down at his hand.

After a moment, he replies that he doesn't know.
[animated]
>>
No. 230926 ID: d677cc

>>230924
uuuuuuuuuuuh.
>>
No. 230927 ID: 476456

Maybe its time to quit smoking.
>>
No. 230928 ID: edb273

>>230924
SMOKE THAT SHIT.
>>
No. 230929 ID: 86b8dc

>>230924
Well I guess you're going cold turkey now huh?
>>
No. 230931 ID: a594b9

>>230924
Stomp that fucking thing!
>>
No. 230932 ID: 4a196b

>>230924
This....this is actually better than the metal gear Nan reference I was going for.
>>
No. 230934 ID: 602d5d

We all know if we stomp it out, something bad is gonna happen.

Shine some light on that fucker.
>>
No. 230935 ID: 40cb26

>>230924
Don't be a pussy, smoke the squiggly fucker. Light it up again so it knows its place.
>>
No. 230936 ID: 05dd93
File 128452773284.gif - (10.28KB , 701x683 , 219.gif )
230936

Anderson crushes the cigar in his hand. Kim and Anna seem a bit shaken by the development.

The ex-Marshall asks what everyone's plans are for the rest of the night. His pocketwatch is still keeping time, and accordingly, it's getting late. They might want to consider sleep, as unappealing a prospect as it always is.
>>
No. 230940 ID: 602d5d

Anderson has now reached levels of Gar
I say we actually keep this guy alive


Before we decide who sleeps with who, ask Anderson for the time
>>
No. 230941 ID: 4a196b

>>230936
Ask Kim to be your bunk buddy. I mean, safety in numbers right? Have to make sure you're close to someone, even in sleep.
>>
No. 230944 ID: 3d2824

Does anyone know anything about the old spanish mission? Even if it's just stupid horror stories or silly gossip or whatnot.
>>
No. 230947 ID: 22038c

>>230932
You should store that shit in your STOMACH
>>
No. 230949 ID: 4a196b

>>230947
Well she is a goat.
>>
No. 230950 ID: 86b8dc

Uhm, should we set a watch while others sleep? Don't want something sneaking up on us.
>>
No. 230957 ID: 05dd93
File 128453031723.gif - (12.88KB , 701x683 , 220.gif )
230957

Anderson checks his watch. He says it's 11:55 at night.
His watch has been running consistently. He says even if the time here is strange, he's still running on the same schedule either way.

Nan raises a point: If they're going to be sleeping, should they take shifts?
Kim says it's not going to matter much, and as long as the lights are on she's been able to sleep just fine for the week that she's been here. But if it would make Nan feel better, she's willing to lose a little sleep.
>>
No. 230958 ID: 3416ec

>>230957

Taking shifts is a good idea. Let Kim take first watch, then rotate to others.
>>
No. 230959 ID: 4a196b

>>230957
Wait....we have not checked if the bathroom if safe. If his cigar was...that...then what else could have slipped by?
>>
No. 230961 ID: 602d5d

Before you decide shifts, do a sweep of the room to make sure there are no large cracks or holes or anything were baddies can slip in.

As for Shifts:

Nan, Anna, Anderson

Kim, Henry
>>
No. 230962 ID: e3f578

Why is that painting/frame behind you cracked?
>>
No. 230964 ID: 05dd93
File 128453106330.gif - (13.17KB , 701x683 , 221.gif )
230964

Nan quickly considers the bathroom, and Anderson volunteers to check. He examines it for a moment, then calls an all-clear.

Kim agrees with Nan's decision -- she'll take first shift. She's not good at waking up but many late nights at college have made her adept at staying up.
Henry volunteers for the following shift.
>>
No. 230965 ID: 6547ec

Put off volunteering as long as you can. The more sleep you can get before the crazy shit starts up, again, the better.
>>
No. 230966 ID: a594b9

>>230964
Where the fuck did that lamp come from? And the dresser on the right! That wasn't there before!
>>
No. 230967 ID: 602d5d

GO SCOTT PILGRIM ON THAT DRESSER AND LAMP, FUCK
>>
No. 230968 ID: a594b9

And where did Anna go?!
>>
No. 230970 ID: 602d5d

>>230968
This, I assumed that she was just being omitted due to camera angle, but NO she's GONE

If a monster pop up USE YOUR HORNS, NAN
>>
No. 230971 ID: 05dd93
File 128453165198.gif - (12.75KB , 701x683 , 222.gif )
230971

Nan glances around for a second.

...has anyone seen Anna?
>>
No. 230972 ID: 602d5d

>>230971
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK
>>
No. 230973 ID: 6547ec

Peek out of the door. Also, look around for a missing dresser; it'll probably be easier to find than Anna.
>>
No. 230974 ID: 05dd93
File 128453186629.gif - (8.60KB , 701x683 , 223.gif )
230974

The door to the hall is ajar.
>>
No. 230975 ID: 476456

There's no way she lived that long by being that stupid.
>>
No. 230976 ID: 4953e3

>>230974
Check Tiki Idol for stray Annas.
>>
No. 230977 ID: e31d52

>>230974
>The door to hell is ajar

THEN CLOSE IT
>>
No. 230978 ID: 476456

- so check the hall
>>
No. 230979 ID: 6547ec

Block the door with the other dresser!
>>
No. 230980 ID: a594b9

>>230974
Well go look outside and see where she went!
>>
No. 230981 ID: 602d5d

Nan, swing open the door at full force

everyone else at once and pose dramatically
>>
No. 230986 ID: 24dd8d

>>230974
You should totally spread out and look for her!
>>
No. 230987 ID: 3416ec

Poke your head out and call for Anna. Failing that, ask anyone if they saw Anna duck out of the room.
>>
No. 230996 ID: d8fe4d

PANIC MODE =0
Open the door and steep away to the side
>>
No. 231003 ID: 1c66c2

There seems to be light coming out of the crack of the door. Maybe it is safe to check out with a friend.

Ask for a portible light source from the other three, then carefuly check outside the door with a friend.
>>
No. 231077 ID: 099247

It's pretty clear to me that you should all split up and search for her, you'll cover more ground that way. Anderson can take the courtyard. Kim can search the corridors, Nan and Henry will secure the bedroom.
>>
No. 231090 ID: c71597

>>230974
Peek out into the hallway and call out for her. Lets hope she's not doing anything terminally stupid.
>>
No. 231111 ID: 9e6bb4

Look for her, but don't go beyond the doorway. Not without Anderson or someone like that.
>>
No. 231129 ID: 1963d1

>>230974
From the descriptions it's sounding more like Limbo than Hell.

Anyway, have somebody hold on to, then call out of the slightly ajar door for Anna. If she shows up, great. let her in and close the door. If they see a monster, they are already holding the door and can close it if need be.
>>
No. 231132 ID: fa0630

>>231090

CAUTIOUSLY peer out the door, leaving it slightly ajar, never leave the room, and call out for Anna.
>>
No. 231134 ID: 8a7f8b

Ask whether it's normal for Anna to just go out on her own. She came to get Nan alone, so maybe this isn't a bis deal.
>>
No. 231165 ID: 17f290

Check outside the door, holding a weapon in case there's a beast. Call out *softly* to Anna. Have another person hold onto your clothes and the door or something, in case you get grabbed.
>>
No. 231325 ID: 18c4aa

Throw a small object out of the door to make sure it's safe, then peek outside for Anna.
>>
No. 231335 ID: 07337a

Make sure there's nothing terrifying out there, and, if there is, and it sees you, scream in terror and tell everyone to start kicking ass.
>>
No. 231397 ID: a7a85a

I know mirrors are a little unreliable, but maybe that's just hotel mirrors. Ask Kim if she has a compact mirror, or if anyone has something small or reflective like that. It's time to rig together makeshift inspection mirrors for seeing around corners and outside slightly ajar doors.
>>
No. 231398 ID: 602d5d

>>231397
And risk Mirror Henry raping everybo-

...

Continue.
>>
No. 231401 ID: a7a85a

>>231398

Yeah, but if it's a makeup mirror, Mirror Henry might only be able to fit his wang through.

So at first Nan was like this. D:
Then she was like this. :3c
>>
No. 231476 ID: d8fe4d

>>231397
Why not just grab the mirror in the bathroom?
>>
No. 231495 ID: 74605a

>>230974
Nope, that's still a door.
>>
No. 231512 ID: b64752

>>231495

haw!
>>
No. 231655 ID: 7cae39

Maybe she noticed some shit going on when everyone was being loud with numbers.

Or the fact that kim is from the fucking future.
>>
No. 231656 ID: 98a8ee

Since you have light, peek out at first, not too close so your head doesnt do any shadow business. if empty, call for the runaway there. listen quietly. if no responce from anything, open the door a bit to secure hallway lights. as a group, form the defence position around the door and call down both sides. if no answer, wait for her. If you leave to the hallway, life is not garenteed.
>>
No. 231984 ID: 8fafba
File 12849405238.gif - (15.95KB , 701x683 , nan.gif )
231984

Just dont do anything stupid.
>>
No. 231985 ID: 8a6625

>>231984
FFFFFFFFFFF-
I thought there was an update...
>>
No. 231986 ID: f03d2b

>>231985
Same :(
>>
No. 232684 ID: 614361

It seemed like a cliffhanger last post, so I forsee a new thread being made.
>>
No. 232692 ID: 8a6625

>>232684
well yeah considering time/number of posts since last update, it's always like this
>>
No. 233032 ID: 05dd93
File 128522402628.gif - (11.26KB , 701x683 , 224.gif )
233032

Nan cautions the others to stay close, in case there's danger, then leans out the door to peer into the hall.

But there's no sign of Anna.
>>
No. 233033 ID: 3416ec

Wait, is 311 ajar?

Also, take the Totem.
>>
No. 233034 ID: 05dd93

>>233033
>Wait, is 311 ajar?
to clarify, no, it is not
>>
No. 233035 ID: 283fa9

>>233032
Is 311 ajar? [No, it's a door. [Shut up.]] Or is it just a little wierd shadow?

...and WTF is up with that thing on the table? It looks even more creepy at this angle.
>>
No. 233036 ID: 3416ec

>>233034

I see. Grab Totem anyways, and consult the others about a possible Search and Rescue.
>>
No. 233038 ID: a9a46d

>>233032

What about the other direction?
>>
No. 233040 ID: 1037c7

Anna is going to tattle on them to Padre. She is the enemy.
Everyone split up and destroy the traitor if you find her.

This is a perfect plan and no one should argue.
>>
No. 233041 ID: 05dd93
File 128522533617.gif - (9.95KB , 701x683 , 225.gif )
233041

Nan takes the DECORATIVE TOTEM and returns to the room. She tells the others that there's no sign of Anna and asks what the plans are for a rescue party.

Kim immediately speaks up and is opposed to the idea. She explains that Anna may be new, but she knows the risks and shouldn't go wandering off on her own. If they follow after her, they're risking their own lives.
Anderson speculates that it may not be safe, but he wouldn't feel right about leaving her behind. He thinks a rescue party is a good idea.
Henry agrees. He says he's willing to go if Nan is.
>>
No. 233043 ID: 3416ec

NO ONE GETS LEFT BEHIND.

We aren't going to find a way to escape hiding in a hotel room anyways. Arm yourselves with anti-darkness devices! Flashlights, lanterns, torches (the burny kind, not the British flashlights), whatever!
>>
No. 233044 ID: 40cb26

>>233041
No one gets left alone. If Kim stays so does Henry, we'll take Anderson along.
>>
No. 233045 ID: 1037c7

Search party is go.
If Kim doesn't want to go, she can stay behind and do her own thing.

everyone else, gather light sources, bludgeoning equipment, and nerves of steel.
Also should we designate a leader? Or would that cause unnecessary squabbling?
>>
No. 233046 ID: a9a46d

>>233044

I like this plan, let's do this.
>>
No. 233048 ID: d97d76

>>233041
Give the totem a good shake and scowl at it intently for a few seconds before continuing.
>>
No. 233050 ID: 05dd93
File 128522613391.gif - (10.04KB , 701x683 , 226.gif )
233050

All right, Nan says. If they have to split up, Kim and Henry can stay, Anderson will come along.

Henry asks if he can come along instead. He says he and Nan are in this together, and he wants to go with her.
Kim agrees, saying she would feel safer with Anderson around anyway.

She quietly adds that it makes sense to stay behind, because if something happens to the room, their only safe area, they'll all be in trouble.

Anderson says he's fine with either decision, but they should make it quickly. Every second they waste debating is another second Anna is out there on her own.
>>
No. 233052 ID: e31d52

>>233050
Go with Henry.

That way you can make out with him if you find her body and need... uh... comforting.
>>
No. 233053 ID: 40cb26

>>233050
Fine whatever, but he better not get us killed just because he's distracted staring at your ass.
>>
No. 233054 ID: a594b9

>>233050
Yeah sure.
>>
No. 233055 ID: 1037c7

we can get hugs from Henry. Anderson probably doesn't do hugs.
Henry is obviously superior.


also in the event that we need to cannibalize our partner, Henry looks easier to overpower.
>>
No. 233056 ID: 05dd93
File 12852269801.gif - (8.64KB , 701x683 , 227.gif )
233056

Kim lends Henry her TASER and Anderson lends Nan an old-fashioned OIL LANTERN.

From the collective supply Nan also takes a piece of rebar which has been ground and filed on one side to make a REBAR SWORD. It's still primarily a blunt weapon but it'll have a bit more punch.

They step out into the hall and Anderson says he'll be watching the door in case they need to re-enter in a hurry.
And good luck.

Nan and Henry step out into the hall. The way to the right just leads to a dead end. The left leads down the hall and around the corner, where Nan came from. There is also a window on the wall opposite the door, and a stairwell leading down near the corner.
>>
No. 233057 ID: 4953e3

>>233056
Check the stairs, I guess.
>>
No. 233058 ID: e3f578

>>233050
Aww man, that means we don't get any character development or a deeper understanding of Anderson in the interest of furthering the romance path...

Well that probably just means Anderson lives longer then. I guess this plan is all right, then we can tell Henry about the whole past ordeal and tell him he's going to be knocked unconscious later, likely when they have to split paths because they most certainly will.
>>
No. 233060 ID: d97d76

So just what is that totem supposed to be a totem of, anyway
>>
No. 233061 ID: a594b9

>>233056
I feel as though that lantern is going to be thrown and light a room on fire. Possibly the diner.

Let's... peek around the corner to see if anything's there, then go down the stairs.
>>
No. 233063 ID: 3416ec

Carefully investigate stairs.
>>
No. 233068 ID: 81ce59

>>233056
Check out the elevator. And consider trying out the rebar sword on that totem thingy. Might yield intersting results.
>>
No. 233088 ID: c10a7b

I don't think the oil lamb is going to be any protection. The Padre was on fire and ok with that. Maybe only elecrical light hurts the creatures.

You should check the doors on your right, while heading towards the elevator and the stairs.
>>
No. 233105 ID: 52ff3d

4:66 = Room 466?
Just a thought...
>>
No. 233109 ID: e31d52

>>233088
Or maybe it's the symbolic thing of fire harnessed to bring light and electricity doing the same that wards them.
>>
No. 233119 ID: ef1164

>>233088
This. Check the doors to see if she might be in one of the other rooms in that hallway before looking further.
>>
No. 233127 ID: 192c6d

>>233088

Considering the Padre stood in a light, I don't think he's affected by it like the normal creatures.

If anything, it's just a ward. Seeing him just means what was said earlier: run like hell.
>>
No. 233133 ID: fa0630

>>233056

Go down the hall and examine room 311
>>
No. 233148 ID: e32cb3

>>233088

>oil lamb
If only i had a speck of drawing talent.
>>
No. 233153 ID: c42b3b

>>233133

This, obviously.

Doors ajar don't just happen. Although as far as I know, generally doors ajar don't happen via demons.

This is an unusual hotel...
>>
No. 233160 ID: 05dd93

>>233133
>>233153
For the second time, the door to 311 is not ajar.
>>
No. 233184 ID: 1963d1

>>233105
I agree with this person. We should check out that room.
>>
No. 233192 ID: 1c66c2

Check the elevators. Examine the oil lantern on the way to learn how to operate it the quickest way possible.

Anna was out of the safe room operating the elevator before, maybe she's checking the other floors for survivors. After all, that's how Anna found Nan.
>>
No. 233193 ID: f03d2b

I don't trust Henry. Not one bit.
>>
No. 233206 ID: a7a85a

>>233193

I trust Henry completely.

But I also trusted evil dead grampa in the quest Tiffany the Necromancer, so obviously you're right.
>>
No. 233207 ID: 192c6d

We could grab chalk or whatever and leave messages on the walls for Anna and Team Survivors. That way if we miss her, she'll at least know where we went and that we are looking for her~
>>
No. 233212 ID: 61da12

>>233184
mmmmm, I dunno. Seems to me we should wait for that, help get the group together. If there actually exists such a room, and if there's something in it, we aren't exactly equipped to go investigate at the moment.

>>233192
Checking the elevator, on the other hand, sounds like an excellent idea.
>>
No. 233220 ID: 9618e3

Remember, Henry is from 1946. Maybe we should tell him how a taser works.
>>
No. 233267 ID: 84ada8

>>233220

Good call. Is it the cattle-prod type of taser? Or one of the little dart-shooting ones? He would probably 'get' the former more quickly, but the latter would be more useful.
>>
No. 233304 ID: 8a6625

>>233207
I seccond this idea, smart in case power goes out again before we run into her
>>
No. 233306 ID: 8a6625

>>233105
I doubt it, what kind of hotel has 12 rooms on first floor but 66 on the fourth? still, all the more reason to check it out if it actually exists
>>
No. 233326 ID: 05dd93
File 128530454818.gif - (10.27KB , 701x683 , 228.gif )
233326

The taser is a simple short-range type, and Henry says he already knows how to use it. It seems simple enough.

Nan recommends heading for the corner and checking the hall down where the elevator is, then trying the stairs, if there's nothing there.
Henry agrees, and together they walk in silence, slowly.

Henry speaks up after a few moments.
He asks Nan somewhat hesitantly if they've ever met before. Like... before the hotel.
He normally never forgets a face, but his memory feels strangely hazy here. And yet, there's something so familar about her.
>>
No. 233328 ID: 70d9eb

>>233326
HENRY DID YOUR GRANDMA YOU CANNOT HAVE SEX WITH THIS MAN
>>
No. 233329 ID: 3416ec

>>233326

"Well, we had a thing apparently, but I can't be sure if it was real or a product of this place."
>>
No. 233330 ID: 40cb26

With all this crap about mixed up time? Tell him yeah, later on you'll probably meet him yesterday.
>>
No. 233331 ID: 94bae0

Not really sure, for one thing we remember waking up twice today, once alone, and the second time with you.
>>
No. 233332 ID: 05dd93
File 12853053613.gif - (13.27KB , 701x683 , 229.gif )
233332

Nan responds she has memories of him, but they're so strange... as though she can't tell whether they're real or just a product of this place. It's weird, but --

Nan and Henry peer down the darkened corner of the hotel hallway.
>>
No. 233335 ID: d97d76

>>233332
Observe quietly for a moment. We don't know who the fourth party is yet.
>>
No. 233337 ID: 3f6425

Yell out:
"Excuse me! Do you have the time and date?"
>>
No. 233342 ID: a4734e

>>233332
She's standing in the light, so she should be fine... right?
>>
No. 233343 ID: 3416ec

See if you can observe who the second party is.
>>
No. 233344 ID: e1d89e

IT'S A BUNNY.
>>
No. 233345 ID: 69d00d

Oh jaysis. She's standing in the light, but we can't see her features.
>>
No. 233348 ID: 05dd93
File 128530652469.gif - (19.93KB , 701x683 , 230.gif )
233348

Nan stays back to observe a moment, but Henry suddenly rushes forward, yelling Anna's name.
The figure by the elevator does not respond to Henry's call.
>>
No. 233350 ID: d97d76

>>233348
BEHIND YOU OH GOD OH GOD
>>
No. 233351 ID: e31d52

oh god oh god behind you OH GOD
>>
No. 233352 ID: f44349

>>233348
Tell him to be careful goddamn-
BEHIND YOU OHGODWHATISTHAT
>>
No. 233355 ID: 3416ec

Henry! Don't be so rash, ma-NAN TURN AROUND AND FIRE YOUR TASER RIGHT NOW.
>>
No. 233356 ID: ccfa8a

>>233348

No don't lose contact with Henry! jump forward and grab him, THEN look behind!

And be ready to run!
>>
No. 233357 ID: 22038c

I don't see anything behind anyone.
Continue on your way.
>>
No. 233358 ID: 69d00d

Turn around and shine your lanternlight at it or block its hand with the rebar! NOW! And yell for Henry to stay back!
>>
No. 233359 ID: 6a17b0

>>233350
>>233352
>>233355
>>233356
>>233358
All over-reacting.

>>233357
This man has it right.
>>
No. 233360 ID: 53ee7e

We are going to die. :C

They need to act fast, but stay clear in the head.

Also, unless I missed something, has anyone else thought of the possibility that even parts of the hotel itself are from different times? They may run in to some... incomplete parts or parts from 2150. o_o;
>>
No. 233361 ID: 05dd93
File 128530747943.gif - (10.11KB , 701x683 , 231.gif )
233361

A clawed hand comes from behind and clamps tightly over Nan's mouth, dragging her roughly into the darkened stairwell. She drops the lantern on the floor by the landing, but it does not break.

A hoarse, scratchy voice whispers breathily in her ear. Something very sharp glints in the darkness, less than an inch from Nan's face.
The voice says that if she does not stay quiet, she will get her little throat slit wide open before she can get out two words.

The figure in the dark pauses for a moment, as if waiting for Nan's reaction.
>>
No. 233362 ID: 6547ec

I like to make it a policy to listen to people who can quite easily end my own life at a whim.
>>
No. 233363 ID: 53ee7e

If Henry can get away with this without getting Nan killed, pick up the light and shine it in her last known direction.
>>
No. 233364 ID: 05dd93

>>233363
>If Henry can get away with this without getting Nan killed, pick up the light and shine it in her last known direction.
Henry is an indirect character!
>>
No. 233365 ID: 3416ec

Nod slighly, surpressing the urge to freak out, vomit, and scream.
>>
No. 233366 ID: a594b9

>>233361
Hold tightly to the rebar and wait for an opening. You'll want to smash their hand to get that knife away from you.
>>
No. 233367 ID: 53ee7e

Dangit, I forgot about that.
Oh well, it was worth a shot.
>>
No. 233369 ID: 3f6425

Nod. No sense in being RUDE to the suspected horrible abomination. Sometimes they're people too.
>>
No. 233374 ID: d97d76

We do still have the rebar, right? We could probably go for the eye, but we are kind of at a disadvantage here. And if our captor just wanted us dead we probably would be.

So... see if you can slip the rebar into a pocket for now just in case.
>>
No. 233378 ID: 69d00d

Relax and nod, while you carefully get a good handle on the rebar. Then jab it into its crotch region as hard as you can. You are not letting one of those things take you, Nan. You are not letting one of those things take you.
>>
No. 233381 ID: 283fa9

>>233361
ThisGuySeemsLegit.png.jpg

Seriously, I would just calmly nod at him. He has the tempo right now, which means trying to escape needs to wait for a better moment.
>>
No. 233383 ID: 05dd93
File 128530866276.gif - (7.46KB , 701x683 , 232.gif )
233383

Nan nods quietly and she's pulled back suddenly, a bit further into the darkness. The hoarse whispery voice speaks again, closer this time. She can feel hot breath against her ear.

The dry male voice says good.
He says he is going to ask a few questions and wants answers and no bullshit, or he will kill her. He wants answers.

Who is she? What is her name?
Why is she here?
How long has she been here?
What does she intend to do here?
He says to answer quick and she won't get hurt. All he wants is answers.

He removes his hand slowly but keeps the sharp instrument near her neck.
And don't try to scream, he says.
>>
No. 233384 ID: 6a17b0

>>233383
Scream.
>>
No. 233385 ID: a594b9

Don't scream. Give direct, quiet, truthful answers.
>>
No. 233386 ID: d97d76

>>233383
Nan.
We came to fix an outlet.
It's probably been less than a day, but it's already getting hard to tell.
We intend to LEAVE.
>>
No. 233387 ID: 3416ec

"Repairwoman. Nan. Came to fix an outlet. Less than a day, maybe. We wanna leave ASAP."
>>
No. 233388 ID: 3f6425

Provide answers. He's probably another person that's trapped here, and doesn't trust anyone or anything.
>>
No. 233392 ID: 05dd93
File 128530956865.gif - (13.24KB , 701x683 , 233.gif )
233392

Nan answers obediently.
Her name is Nan. She's a repairwoman who was called to fix an outlet. Then she found she couldn't leave.
She's been here less than a day, as far as she can tell.
And she plans to leave.

There's a long, tense pause, and then a click as the sharp implement is drawn away from Nan's throat. The clawed hands release her slowly.
A scratching sound is followed by a sudden flare of light as the figure in the dark lights a match. Nan turns to look.

The strange man quietly introduces himself as Santiago.
His hands aren't clawed after all -- he's just ungroomed and his fingernails have grown long.
He gives Nan an odd look and asks why she would want to leave. Doesn't she know what this place is?
>>
No. 233393 ID: a594b9

>>233392
Uh, no? Does he?
>>
No. 233395 ID: 3416ec

We are aware of some time dilation and some malevolent entities, one known as the Padre; but other than that, we have no idea what this place is.
>>
No. 233396 ID: 69d00d

Does he?

And ask him what year he entered this place.
>>
No. 233397 ID: 0b2a05

Tell him you just got here, and all you know is that things have chased you, you have been trapped in burning rooms, time is all screwed up, people have been KILLED for god sake and no matter WHERE this is, you'd be fine with going back to real life and forgetting it forever.
>>
No. 233398 ID: e6536a

>>233392
... h... Hell?
>>
No. 233399 ID: 05dd93
File 128531053031.gif - (11.62KB , 701x683 , 234.gif )
233399

As Santiago pockets his switchblade, Nan hesitates, then answers no, she doesn't know what this place is.

Santiago grins broadly and gestures out grandly. He says HE does.

Everyone has a theory on this place. Everyone wants to KNOW, he says. They want to know too much. That won't do them any good.

He says Pablo thinks this place is like a mystery, like a dream.
Kim says this place is hell.
But Santiago says he knows.

This place is freedom.
Out there, there are rules. There are laws. There are morals. People fear God.
But in here, there is no right and wrong. And there is no God. There is only us. There is only what we do and what we feel. This is the absolute. This is freedom. This is a world, at long last, of man's design.

Kim and the others think they know so much about the world. But not this place. Maybe Nan thinks she knows too, but she's wrong. She has to forget that and just go with it.
Forget about everything you may never be able to know. Forget about if anything you do is anything good, or anything bad. Forget about if what you're doing is what you "should".

This place is the ultimate freedom.
So he asks, why would anyone... want to leave?
>>
No. 233401 ID: 6547ec

Guess you gotta tell the world about this awesome new philosophy, which regrettably requires you to leave this hotel, and by extension, this nice lunatic's presence, as quickly as possible.
>>
No. 233402 ID: d97d76

Oh great, we've entered Rapture.
>>
No. 233403 ID: a594b9

I dunno maybe because the shadow monsters here want to KILL US?!

Just walk off. Go find Henry.
>>
No. 233405 ID: 3f6425

Compliment his smile. Those are some nice teeth.
>>
No. 233406 ID: d97d76

"I dunno, ultimate freedom seems kinda hazardous."
>>
No. 233407 ID: f03d2b

>>233399
But what about the monsters, the horrors that lurk here?
>>
No. 233409 ID: e6536a

>>233399
Well... mainly because people are trying to kill us. ... really, everything else might not be so bad if we weren't constantly fearing for our lives. We'd sortof like to live.
Ask him how he's dealing with that, just for reference? Then continue trying to leave.
>>
No. 233410 ID: 6a17b0

>>233399
Ask him how Pablo is.
>>
No. 233411 ID: a9a46d

>>233402

I find this statement extremely funny, thank you kind sir.
>>
No. 233412 ID: 283fa9

>>233399
Okay, crazy man babbling about freedom.

This is of vital importance. PLEASE TELL ME HE IS STILL WEARING PANTS.
>>
No. 233414 ID: 0b2a05

You have to talk to him in his terms. Tell him that to turn aside your ultimate freedom is the ultimate CHALLENGE, and you want to be up to it.
>>
No. 233416 ID: 05dd93
File 128531153278.gif - (8.78KB , 701x683 , 235.gif )
233416

Nan responds nervously that as well and good as that may be, it's not worth people trying to kill her.

Oh, asks Santiago, and what's so bad about death?

He leans in closer.
He says a girl named Anna arrived the other day. She has an interesting idea about this place.
Does Nan know what Anna thinks?
She thinks everyone is here for a reason. That this is a prison they've all earned themselves a sentence in, through their own actions. Some horrible thing they've done. Some sin they've committed.
They're trapped here only by their own design. That this is their punishment.
Maybe Anna wants to be punished, Santiago says through his teeth. Maybe she thinks she deserves it so much, that's what she's waiting for.

Nan scoots back uncomfortably, and Santiago grins, leaning close to her ear.
He whispers another question in a hoarse voice.
"And what about you, Nan? What's your sin?"
>>
No. 233417 ID: d97d76

>>233416
Enjoying cheap pizza?
>>
No. 233418 ID: f03d2b

>>233416
You first.
>>
No. 233419 ID: 6547ec

Is freaking the fuck out a sin? That seems to happen a lot.
>>
No. 233421 ID: a594b9

>>233416
You never did anything bad enough to deserve this! ...well, I guess you are kinda lazy.

Regardless you should make him step off. You've got that rebar. Brandish it!
>>
No. 233422 ID: 3f6425

"Long periods of inactivity followed by extended updating sessions? I mean... err... Chewing on wire when fixing something?"
>>
No. 233423 ID: e6536a
File 128531194690.png - (3.96KB , 100x150 , KQLaloth.png )
233423

Well, I guess we were pretty lazy. Sloth, maybe.
>>
No. 233424 ID: 69d00d

Be confident Nan. Don't let this creep freak you out. Tell him you ain't got no idea what kind of sin you could've committed to deserve anything like this, so that theory's probably wrong.

Also, tell him he's about to burn his fingers. Pick up the lantern (there is oil, right?), and ask him if he could light it with his sticks if it isn't lit already.
>>
No. 233425 ID: f245f1

>>233416
"By your logic, there are no sins here."
>>
No. 233427 ID: fd6d7e

FFFFfffucking foxes

This guy is a psycho. Punch him in the face and get the fuck out.
>>
No. 233430 ID: 6a17b0

>>233416
Sloth. Ask him what his is.
>>
No. 233433 ID: 3416ec

Our sin is not getting the hell out of here ASAP.
>>
No. 233441 ID: 82fc6d

Uh, okay, crazy guy with sharp teeth and poor hygiene who dragged Nan off into the dark at knife point where monsters are waiting to snatch them first talks about freedom without God/laws/rules/MORALS then goes on about the theory that everyone who comes here is a sinner.

Either he wants a fellow psycho to join his ranks or he's planning to use his "freedom" on Nan if she gives him an answer he doesn't like. Or he went crazy trying to understand the place and has embraced any idea that seems most convenient. The fingernails hint he's been here a while and this place seems made to drive people insane.

My vote is to handle the guy carefully, perhaps for Nan say that nothing comes to mind, but she can ask Anna on the subject. Use that as a segue to mention Nan was just on her way to meet Anna and if he could light her lantern before she goes it would really help her out.
>>
No. 233444 ID: a09a03

Masochism?
>>
No. 233449 ID: 1c66c2

Respond truthfully and ask some questions of your own. Questions like "if this is absolute freedom, then why can't I control it?"

I think that question is important because if it is absolute freedom, then Santiago might know how to control the hotel. I mean the guy is walking around in the dark without any fear whatsoever. He may know how to be safe in the dark without light and Nan has to find out!
>>
No. 233466 ID: 70d9eb

>>233416
"My virtue is humility, what is yours that got you to deserve this place you find so wonderful?"
>>
No. 233467 ID: f1e847

>>233416
My sin? Heck if I know. This place may be freedom for you, but remember not all people are alike. What may be freedom for one person can be a prison for another. Sorry if I bothered you. I have to go now, and look for someone.
>>
No. 233481 ID: 192c6d

Whoa.. wait a sec!

Didn't Anderson mention our new resident Red?

>He says he saw Pablo the first time about a week and a half ago. He seems a little suspicious, but what doesn't in this god-forsaken place? He says the other man is named Santiago. He doesn't seem to want to stick with the group though, but he'll probably be out on the second floor. That's where he said he was going.

Perhaps we should ask him what he believes his is, or why he's not with the others?
>>
No. 233482 ID: f57857

>>233416
> What is your sin?

"I..I don't know yet..." (oh god, please get away from me)
>>
No. 233486 ID: 099247

"I don't know, I haven't thought about it. Why don't you want to be with the others?"
>>
No. 233489 ID: c71597

>>233416
Probably liking pizza and being a bit careless I guess. You haven't ever done anything really bad have you?
>>
No. 233565 ID: fd6d7e

Obviously you broke the hotel wiring causing an electrical fire that burned everyone alive and now you are experiencing your own personal hell for doing so. Just tell him "I burned this hotel to the ground" and walk away.
>>
No. 233586 ID: 1963d1

Avoid the question. Don't play into his little mental case he's got going. Just ask about who he is and where he's from while slowly backing away...
>>
No. 233611 ID: fd6d7e

>>233417
>>233489

BECAUSE I'M FAAAAAAAAAT
>>
No. 233612 ID: e3f578
File 128537963965.jpg - (257.57KB , 760x506 , PresidentBillClintonMay282003Disk2074.jpg )
233612

You never slept with Bill Clinton
>>
No. 233628 ID: 602d5d
File 128538457867.png - (8.17KB , 698x614 , sinone.png )
233628

Your sin...
>>
No. 233629 ID: 602d5d
File 128538459885.png - (8.85KB , 698x614 , sintwo.png )
233629

IS NOT BUYING MY FUCKING SOAP.
>>
No. 233647 ID: 3416ec

Remember folks, there's a discussion thread.

kthx
>>
No. 233697 ID: 96f818

>>233629
They're $10 a piece, fuck you.
>>
No. 233732 ID: 22038c

My sin was not getting trapped in the Metal Glen like you were. Now wake up, Red, it's time for your medication.
>>
No. 233918 ID: c14916

It's been two days :C
>>
No. 234037 ID: 5a5cbf

Say "not giving people enough hugs". Then hug him.

He looks like he needs it!
>>
No. 234422 ID: 05dd93
File 128555899287.gif - (11.44KB , 701x683 , 236.gif )
234422

Nan insists she has no idea what her sin is, and that she considers herself a generally okay person. Besides, didn't Santiago just say there are no sins in this place?

Santiago grins even wider and lets out an amused gasp. Evidently he and Nan are on the same page, he says. Anna's theory is baseless. It's only a product of her own desire to be punished. Maybe she should be punished.

Nan glances back at the stairwell door.
She tells Santiago politely that it's been nice meeting him but she really should get back to the group.
Santiago grabs Nan's arm lightly and asks if she's really going so soon. As long as she's here, wouldn't she rather stay and see the kind of fun truly free people can have in the dark?
>>
No. 234426 ID: a594b9

Turn him down and start walking away, but be ready with the rebar if he grabs onto your arm any tighter.
>>
No. 234427 ID: 476456

uhhhh act interested and say maybe later fuck i dont know.
>>
No. 234428 ID: dad664

>>234422
"...is this one of those rape things?"
>>
No. 234430 ID: 3416ec

Break the wrist grab and start running.
>>
No. 234431 ID: e3f578

>>234422
Say you have some business to take care of and thinking to do.
>>
No. 234432 ID: 6547ec

Inquire about this fun, but stipulate that you'd rather see it than be in the dark.
>>
No. 234443 ID: 05dd93
File 128555999994.gif - (7.61KB , 701x683 , 237.gif )
234443

Nan says she's... got to get going at the moment. She has a lot of thinking to do. As she turns, a light flickers into the stairwell from the hall above.

A voice calls out to Nan. Henry's voice. He's asking if she's there.
>>
No. 234449 ID: 3416ec

"Yo, Henry! I want you to meet Santiago! He's a total creeper!"
>>
No. 234451 ID: 476456

Keep your eyes on s- oh great now you're going to look back and something bad will happen
>>
No. 234452 ID: 6547ec

Look imploringly at Santiago. He did threaten to kill you if you cried out.
>>
No. 234453 ID: c5628c

I don't know. I'm more interested in how he is still alive without the light. That might be good to know.
Ask him what does this fun entail?
>>
No. 234463 ID: 05dd93
File 128556052366.gif - (4.28KB , 701x683 , 238.gif )
234463

Nan turns back to Santiago, who has released her arm.

With a fizzling sound he extinguishes his match, leaving only a faint plume of dark smoke hanging in the air. He steps back down the stairwell, disappearing into the darkness.

He says to be patient. He says next time, he'll have some real fun with her.
>>
No. 234465 ID: 8a6625

leave, but tell him you'll meet again
>>
No. 234466 ID: 476456

wink at him, do it.
>>
No. 234471 ID: 3416ec

Give him the bird.

The Double Deuce, even.
>>
No. 234472 ID: 099247

Nan: Run to thy Henry!
>>
No. 234473 ID: 6547ec

Suppress every instinct to run, scream, or vomit, and wave at him with a little nervous smile.
>>
No. 234474 ID: d97d76

Quietly take your leave. No need to egg him on.
>>
No. 234476 ID: e3f578

Say yeah your here. You just judged that the shadowshape was some crazy hotel fuckery that was just going to make this matter a whole lot more confusing and complex so you went the opposite way.

Totally believable.
>>
No. 234479 ID: c71597

>>234463
Wow, he's quite a creepy bastard. You should probably get a shiv.

Anyway, onwards to the reunification with Henry, mention that Santiago is a total fucking nutcase who can survive in the dark. Come up with a theory that the other creatures around here didn't start out that way, they just went a little crazy and now they're murderous loons in the darkness.
>>
No. 234489 ID: 05dd93
File 128556160096.gif - (14.97KB , 701x683 , 239.gif )
234489

Nan is torn between running away with the sick feeling in her stomach or forcing a wave goodbye, but Santiago has already left. Henry appears in the doorway a moment later, shining his flashlight in.

He seems relieved to see Nan hasn't gone far.
Nan says she ran into Santiago and Henry pales a little. She says he seems to be at home in the darkness.
Henry says perhaps he found a way to live in the dark safely. From what he heard, Santiago's been here for almost a whole month.

He turns to Anna, who stands quietly beside him. He says she was just waiting by the elevator, staring into it.
Anna very quietly explains she thought she heard someone calling her.
>>
No. 234492 ID: 476456

no more running off by yourself little lady
>>
No. 234494 ID: c71597

>>234489
Tell Anna that it's really not safe to run away like that. Especially not since Santiago seems to want to have some "fun" with her. She really should stay with atleast one other person at all times.

Then get back towards the others.
>>
No. 234495 ID: a594b9

...maybe we should ask Henry what he remembers happening after we threw the lamp.
>>
No. 234499 ID: 3416ec

Alrighty, now we regroup and hit the sack.
>>
No. 234502 ID: 1a99f0

>>234495
this. and getting back to the safe room would be nice, too.
>>
No. 234506 ID: 8a6625

hug anna
>>
No. 234508 ID: 8a6625

>>234495
also do this, it's been on my mind
>>
No. 234514 ID: fd6d7e

Aww, you totally missed out on getting raped by Santiago. Oh well, there's always next time.

This is now RapeQuestv2.0
>>
No. 234520 ID: 05dd93
File 128556284121.gif - (9.21KB , 701x683 , 240.gif )
234520

Nan asks Henry what he remembers after the last time they met, when Nan threw the lamp.

He says the room went pitch black and he didn't have a light source. He called out for her, but she wouldn't answer. He opened the door to the hall hoping to let some light in, but then he remembered the power was still off out there. Before he could close the door, something attacked him in the darkness, and he woke up in the shared room.

Anna follows quietly.
>>
No. 234523 ID: 0cddcd

Now tell him what happened on our end. I am sure he is curious.
>>
No. 234525 ID: 476456

go "oh my that must have been frightening" while rubbing his horns.


or ask anna if anyone found him and brought him back or something
>>
No. 234527 ID: a594b9

>>234520
Wait.

What is that he's wearing? Is that the same pendant we have?
>>
No. 234528 ID: fd6d7e

>>234523
>>234525

Both of these seem like exceedingly good ideas.
>>
No. 234529 ID: 3416ec

Examine inventory for matching pendant.
>>
No. 234537 ID: 8a6625

>>234529
>>234527
no, henry's pendant has 5 ends instead of 4, examine anyway
>>
No. 234543 ID: 05dd93
File 128556399767.gif - (12.97KB , 701x683 , 241.gif )
234543

The pendant bears a striking resemblance to Nan's own, but when she checks her pockets, it's gone.

Nan explains her own ordeals, but it's so disjointed, like a dream that's hard to explain. Henry seems to get the gist of it though and says he's just relieved that Nan is all right after all that.

The group returns to the room where Kim and Anderson are waiting. Everyone is glad Anna is back safe.

Anna quietly stares at the floor and says they're not going to get out of here.
And maybe they don't deserve to.
>>
No. 234545 ID: a594b9

>>234543
Tell Anna we heard about her theory... and it doesn't feel right. This place is too WEIRD to just be a punishment. Besides, we didn't do anything to deserve this!
>>
No. 234548 ID: 3416ec

>>234543

Tell Anna that they haven't even TRIED yet. Giving up now is just stupid.
>>
No. 234549 ID: c71597

>>234543
Smack Anna on the back of the head and tell her to stop being such a downer. Sitting around and feeling sorry for themselves and like they deserve it won't fucking help. And it's that attitude that makes Santiago want to rape and eat her. So cheer the fuck up.

Ok Kim and Anderson if anything weird happened while they were out. Oh, and tell Anderson to please shoot Santiago if he sees him.
>>
No. 234550 ID: d97d76

>>234543
Tell her that out of all the screwed up characters in the world, across MULTIPLE TIME PERIODS no less, none of you could possibly be the most deserving candidates for being stranded in some sort of hotel-based purgatory.
>>
No. 234554 ID: 6a4a82

Hit Anna to assert dominance
>>
No. 234559 ID: b36dbd

"Well, not with that attitude! Maybe you want to stay here forever, but that doesn't mean the rest of us are pansy quitters incapable of earning our freedom!"
>>
No. 234565 ID: 8a6625

ask her what her sin is and possibly tell her that giving up when others count on you is even worse
>>
No. 234623 ID: fd6d7e

>>234565

Yes, ask Anna what her sin is. It's time for everyone to come clean.
>>
No. 234626 ID: a7a85a

If this place is messing with their memories it might be possible that false sin memories are or will be implanted.
>>
No. 234629 ID: 53ee7e

Along with that, see if there's a link between when everyone first ended up in this place and how long they've been there. That is, if that hasn't been done already.
It may be one of those "time passes faster on the outside" things.
>>
No. 234630 ID: 53ee7e

Because if that's how it works, this hotel has been around for a lot longer than they might think.
>>
No. 234643 ID: 05dd93
File 128556986190.gif - (8.24KB , 701x683 , 242.gif )
234643

Nan tells Anna to stop being such a downer. Anna asks how she can possibly be optimistic in a place like this -- or has Nan just not looked around her?

They're trapped here, and Anna can't help but feel there's a reason.
Nan asks that if they're all here for a reason, what did Anna do to deserve it?

She's quiet for a moment, then answers that she's not about to say what -- but it's there. She's got her bad thing, and she'd bet that so does everyone else here.

She nods to Anderson as an example.
How many times do you think he's fired that gun?
Has he killed anyone?

Anderson says of course he has. He's a US Marshall. Sometimes it's part of the job.
>>
No. 234644 ID: dad664

>>234643
Tell Anna that if her theory were true, there would be a HELL of a lot more people trapped here than just the...5? 6? of you.
>>
No. 234647 ID: 6a4a82

Guh..... do you really want to hear everyone's sin confession? Wouldn't it be more prudent to focus on staying positive, finding out everyone's strengths, and figuring out a way to get the Fuck out of this damn hotel? Seriously.
>>
No. 234668 ID: e31d52

Tell Anna she saved your life! And frankly, she's been nothing but kind to you! If she really deserved this, and we mean really, then there would be a whole lot more people who live in the dark like our grinning 'friend'.
>>
No. 234669 ID: 40cb26

This place isn't a hell, it seriously lacks in torment. Not much of a limbo either, too much... stuff and weirdness. In the afterlife you shouldn't feel much alive anyways, you wouldn't have hope or be worried about death. You tell Anna she just has her own issues and she needs to get the fuck over them or she WILL make it to the afterlife and probably drag you all with her.
>>
No. 234672 ID: 05dd93
File 128557135564.gif - (7.88KB , 701x683 , 243.gif )
234672

If this is Limbo or Hell, why aren't there more people here?
Anna says this isn't Hell, because they're not dead -- they're just being punished. And they put themselves here. There are surely many others, but why they are here, rather than they, is anyone's guess. At the least, they couldn't all fit into one place, could they?

Henry interjects on Anderson's behalf, excusing the Marshall. He says it's sometimes necessary for a lawman to kill if innocent lives are endangered. But upholding the law and murder are two different things.
And surely, Anderson's never killed an innocent man.

Anderson scowls and speaks gruffly.
He says he's never met an innocent man.
>>
No. 234674 ID: 476456

oh anderson, you're not helping but we love you anyway.
>>
No. 234678 ID: e3f578

>>234674
after all he probably sounds like Keith Davids...

Anyway, regardless of his philosophy of no innocent man existing, I've doubt he's killed in cold blood... unless of course he's witnessed a horrible crime so gruesome he killed the man he thought was responsible immediately. Cops deal with horrible shit all the time and I'm sure Nan's up to snuff on understanding what a police officer's mind might go through witnessing a hurt child or something.
>>
No. 234679 ID: 6a4a82

Sigh, rub your head, and let them get this drama fest on the road.
>>
No. 234689 ID: 1ef7bb

>>234672
... the POINT is, we're sure he's never killed anyone without a good reason. He's a Marshall and that's just part of their job.
Certainly we've all done things we're not always proud of, but none of it could deserve this. ... and if the rest of the girls insist on romanticizing this as some kind of hell or punishment, then I'd prefer to think of it as a trial. We can get out of here as long as we don't give up. And when we do get out of here, things will be better. Maybe we can make things better. But things will never get better if we don't try. That's what a trial is. It's a bad situation with a light at the end of the tunnel. And we just have to keep reaching towards the light.
>>
No. 234717 ID: 40cb26

>>234672
Get it through her hard head that this place doesn't make sense as a hell, or limbo, or purgatory, in fact it doesn't make any sense at all. You've got creepy beings and time travel as the best leads here. You can more easily find a parallel here or there in books about science fiction or paranormal thrillers. But nothing any of you think is happening actually matters so you should really stop worrying about it and find a way to stay alive and escape.
>>
No. 234732 ID: 2985d0

it matter not what we have done, but what we have becomed.

if you want to suffer forever in your self made hell, be polite enought to not drag anyone with you.
>>
No. 234846 ID: 6815c3

Ok, big speech time.

"Perhaps this is hell, or purgatory, or some equivalent of it for the living. It doesn't matter. Do we have a sin that would hold us here? Well, we don't know. Do we deserve to be here? Again, we don't know.

One thing we DO know is whatever it takes to get out of here, be in atoning for sins or kicking the ass of every shadow-loving freak in this place, we are GOING to find it and DO it!

Talking about this is pointless. We don't have enough proof to disprove or prove any theory's yet, and we can't just lay down and die. Let's move forward, find useful things in this house and try to determine the rules of this place. Let's find something to use as weapons against those things. And lets stick together from now on, never splitting into more than two groups at a time because being divided is STUPID!

You can huddle in dimmed lights and silence until you slip up if the think you 'deserve' it or whatever. Go ahead, give up and die if you don't want to go on. But I will not, cannot stop.

I'm going to live and see the outside world again, or die giving everything I have to try getting there. If I have some hidden sin then I'll deal with it, in here or out. You don't wallow in your sin, you overcome it.

So either get beside me or get out of the way, because as long as I have legs I'm moving forward."
>>
No. 234865 ID: 701a19

>>234672
"Anderson had to kill people as part of his job as a US Marshall.
I'm sure Henry here fought in the war.
Anna, I'm guessing, murdered people for cash to survive the great depression."
Pause to give her a look and a chance to correct you.
"How about you, Kim? You're a college student. The worst you've done is probably drugs and cheating on homework, unless I'm missing something."
Give her a look and a chance to answer.
"As for myself? My only 'sin' is that I sit on work orders until I feel like doing them. I don't even cheat on my taxes. If this is a punishment then it's being given by somebody with no sense of scale."
>>
No. 234916 ID: c14916

>>234672
'Is it really pertinent what sins we may or may not have committed?! I know that I have done nothing to deserve this, and even so, why give up? We should still try to escape if only to avoid being hurt more than we already are. There are monsters out there, horrible things; Santiago too.' Turn to Anna 'I think he might rape on of us, we should try to stay with the men. In any case, sitting around feeling sorry for ourselves is not going to solve anything!'
>>
No. 234955 ID: 620bfb

Okay mental note, Anderson is not someone we want to fuck with.
>>
No. 234991 ID: 192c6d

>>234865

Follow this, but instead, ask everyone to state what the "worst" thing they've ever done is -- something they REGRET. We might not be here for a "sin" so much as what we perceive as one.

(So the question is, what would Nan's regret be?)
>>
No. 235016 ID: c71597

>>234672
Smack some nihilistic sense into Anna. Shit doesn't have a reason, no overreaching grand plan it's working along, no fucking divine punishment. Shit just fucking is, and it doesn't even matter. So can she stop fucking around with her own head and being such a defeatist whiney little pussy and get her fucking ass in gear and be helpful instead of somne ditzy little twat that goes off to get killed and worse, drags along someone who wants to help her and gets killed. If she wants to end in then just grab a shiv and go to the bathroom.
>>
No. 235115 ID: fd6d7e

There are monsters out there, horrible things; Santiago too.' Turn to Anna 'I think he might rape all of us, we should try to travel alone as much as possible making sure to frequently pause with our backs turned to dark corners.'
>>
No. 235141 ID: 26631b

Anna helped Nan in the elevator, so Nan should help her back, not just for her own sake, but because it's the right thing to do. The way Anna's right now, however, she might take Santiago up on his offer, and that needs to be prevented.

Time for some psychoanalysis.

If Anna thinks she deserves to be here, then tell her you want to help her get past that and get out of here. Same goes for the others.

Clearly they're in some sort of unnatural place. Clearly there's something going on here that they don't fully understand, something involving their lives somehow from all the weird dreams and stuff. That doesn't necessarily mean they all explicitely deserve being here, and it doesn't mean there's no way of getting out or making up for whatever it is they're supposed to have done.

Maybe that's even why they're here together now. Helping each other figure things out and keeping each other sane and living should go a long way at making up for past mistakes. Frankly, shooting for redemption is way better than just sitting on your ass waiting for whatever's to come, always.

In the event that it ISN'T limbo or whatnot, helping one another to figure a way out of here is just good old common sense.
>>
No. 235177 ID: a41aaf

Make the point that they've turned up here over the space of DECADES. If there is a particular reason that they should all be here, it needs to be a hell of a lot more specific than that.
>>
No. 235205 ID: 27a471

>>234643

He has a gun? Has he tried using it on say, the Padre?
>>
No. 235230 ID: 192c6d

>>235177

What's curious about this is that the hotel's relative time is non-linear. The 1930's was a few days ago, while the future was last week. Whatever this place is, it exists in multiple times.

Actually, Kim's a college student! Ask her if she ever studied quantum theory or stuff like that. Or in the very least if she's heard anything about the hotel before -- or anyone going missing near it. Nan and Kim are from relative times, so maybe Kim might have heard of something?
>>
No. 235508 ID: 3c3565
File 128573269489.gif - (9.32KB , 701x683 , 244.gif )
235508

Nan asks Anna what sin she could have committed that was so bad she would wind up here.
Anna says she hopes Nan will excuse her that she's not exactly itching to share.

Nan is fed up with everyone being a downer! She tells Anna that whether or not they "deserve" to be here doesn't make a difference now. If Anna just wants to sit in the corner and wallow in self-pity that's her choice, but Nan isn't about to give up.

Anna smirks oddly and corrects Nan.
She clarifies that she never said she was giving up. If they're here by their own actions, that means they can leave by their own actions, too.

And Anna for one doesn't plan to die in a place like this. She's getting the hell out of here first, and sorting out her absolution later.
>>
No. 235510 ID: 476456

>>235508
"oh you"
>>
No. 235511 ID: 3416ec

>>235508

Good.

Now we resume sleepy-time. We'll need the energy to escape.
>>
No. 235513 ID: 3c3565
File 128573296754.gif - (5.68KB , 701x683 , 245.gif )
235513

There is a knock at the door.
>>
No. 235514 ID: 476456

A polite knock or "OH GOD WE ARE GOING TO GET RAPED" knock?
>>
No. 235515 ID: a594b9

>>235513
We're never going to get any sleep at this rate. Defer to the others; they know what the door protocol is better than you.
>>
No. 235516 ID: e31d52

EVERYONE: READY WEAPONRY

ANDERSON: GET THE DOOR
>>
No. 235523 ID: 70d9eb

>>235513
Knock two bits back.
>>
No. 235526 ID: f82ff4

>>235513

Knock five times in rapid succession. If there's a person on the other side, they should reply with two knocks.
>>
No. 235533 ID: 3c3565
File 128573376233.gif - (7.77KB , 701x683 , 246.gif )
235533

Nan decides to defer to the others. Luckily, it seems they are prepared.

Anderson stands by the door and draws an old-fashioned revolver. He gruffly asks who's there, and a moment, later a familiar voice responds.

"It's Pablo!"
>>
No. 235535 ID: 94bae0

>>235533
Okay... Lets see him.
>>
No. 235536 ID: 70d9eb

>>235533
It might not be Pablo, ready your weaponry.
>>
No. 235537 ID: 6a4a82

>>235536
This.
Also hide behind Anna :D
>>
No. 235539 ID: 3416ec

Open the door a smidge and confirm Pablo's identity.
>>
No. 235541 ID: 3c3565
File 128573414369.gif - (9.57KB , 701x683 , 247.gif )
235541

After a quick nod to the rest of the group, Anderson swings the door open and levels his pistol --

But it's only Pablo, after all.
He's understandably surprised by the gun pointed at him and tells Anderson to put it away as he stands in the open doorway.
>>
No. 235547 ID: 3416ec

Tell Anderson it's cool.

Ask Pablo what happened after last time we saw him.
>>
No. 235550 ID: 0b2a05

Let him in, but keep an eye on him. Never know.
>>
No. 235552 ID: c71597

>>235541
Let him in a verify that it's Pablo.
>>
No. 235554 ID: a7a85a

Ask Pablo things only Pablo would know.
Like what kind of can of food they had earlier.

The mirrors are making me think we need to start an identity check system.
>>
No. 235555 ID: 3c3565
File 128573465247.gif - (10.66KB , 701x683 , 248.gif )
235555

Anderson lets Pablo in and he promptly notices Nan with pleasant surprise.

Pablo says that after she smashed that thing in his room everything went black and when the lights came back on a few seconds later, she was gone. He'd feared the worst, but evidently she's all right. And now she's here with everyone else, to boot. He thought he might not see her again.
>>
No. 235556 ID: 476456

groovy.
>>
No. 235557 ID: b1ce4e

explain weird time shit.
>>
No. 235558 ID: 3416ec

>>235555

Glad to have you back, Pablo!

Now let's get back to sleepy time.
>>
No. 235561 ID: a594b9

>>235555
Ask HIM what year it is.
>>
No. 235562 ID: 6a4a82

Give a High Five to Pablo.
For a change of pace :3
>>
No. 235564 ID: a7a85a

>>235562
What if Pablo pre or post-dates the High Five? :O
>>
No. 235568 ID: 3c3565
File 128573523453.gif - (8.45KB , 701x683 , 249.gif )
235568

Nan raises her hand and Pablo eyes it strangely, but with a quick gesture and a little encouragement they high-five, if a little awkwardly. Pablo smiles.

Nan asks him what year it is.
>>
No. 235569 ID: 3c3565
File 128573527716.gif - (8.15KB , 701x683 , 250.gif )
235569

Pablo gives Nan an even stranger look and after a pause he seems to decide she must be serious.
He says it's still 1966, right?
Surely they haven't been here THAT long.
>>
No. 235572 ID: 94bae0

>>235569
Pablo... I'm from 2009...
>>
No. 235574 ID: f44349

>>235569
Fill him in on the time-fuckery going on up in here.
>>
No. 235575 ID: 6a4a82

Lets do the time warp again.........
Explain temporal shenanigans to Pablo
>>
No. 235577 ID: 3416ec

Explain to Pablo the disjoint in eras between the people here.
>>
No. 235578 ID: 0b2a05

Sorry Pablo, at last count it's 2012. Everyone seems to be displaced from their time period in here. Wonder when Santiago's from...
>>
No. 235581 ID: 3c3565
File 128573570552.gif - (9.16KB , 701x683 , 251.gif )
235581

Nan sits Pablo down and informs him of the strange effect this place has on their relative "home" times.
Pablo glances around in confusion for a moment, but the others nod to confirm Nan's explanation. He settles down for a minute without saying anything, then asks Nan if people are living on the moon yet, in her time.

Nan says no.
Kim says not in her time either.

Pablo seems a little disappointed, but otherwise largely unphased by this revelation.
>>
No. 235583 ID: 0b2a05

We have LANDED on it though!
>>
No. 235585 ID: 3416ec

>>235581

"But we do have this magnificent system called The Internet..."
>>
No. 235586 ID: 94bae0

We don't even have hovercars... or robot servents... or holograms... man the future turned out to be far less cool than we all thought. But at least the internet and nintendo was a nice trade off.
>>
No. 235589 ID: f44349

Alright.
We need to come up with some sort of plan if we're gonna get out of here.
Firstly... lets have everybody work together and draw up a map as best we can.
>>
No. 235594 ID: 3c3565
File 128573610454.gif - (9.07KB , 701x683 , 252.gif )
235594

Nan says they need a plan. They should combine knowledge, maybe work on a map.

Henry agrees. Kim does too, but she says it's far too late to concentrate on things like that. They should start thinking about sleep.
Now that there are six of them, they can take 3 shifts of 2 people each. Everyone can get a few hours of sleep.
>>
No. 235595 ID: b1ce4e

agree, let's get some shut-eye.
>>
No. 235596 ID: 19dce0

>>235594
Back to the first plan. Kim can take first shift, and Henry can take second, and Nan, volunteer for third.
>>
No. 235598 ID: 70d9eb

>>235594
Take the second shift with Henry. The others will be in deeper sleep then and you can start putting the moves on him.
>>
No. 235606 ID: 6a4a82

Nan should kick it with Kim I think. Maybe.... just maybe Kim might remember reading about a nasty bicycle accident around Nan's disappearance.
>>
No. 235623 ID: 476456

pick the shift with who we wanna talk toooo~

I'm for kickin it with anna.
>>
No. 235624 ID: 3c3565
File 128573694369.gif - (7.83KB , 701x683 , 253.gif )
235624

Kim says she'll take the first shift. She's not as reliable at getting up early but she can pull late nights no problem. It's part of the college schedule. Nan sympathizes. She's never been much of an early riser and hates interrupted sleep. She sleeps in late on weekends. And weekdays too, usually.
Anderson says he's staying up with Kim. She's the youngest and if anyone needs him for backup, she does. Kim doesn't object.

Pablo asks no one in particular who should take the other shifts.

Anna suggests jokingly that they should have mixed shifts, so there's no point where all the girls are asleep, since who knows what trouble the men would get up to.
But she apologizes sheepishly after nobody laughs.
>>
No. 235625 ID: 476456

Laugh at her joke :(
>>
No. 235627 ID: 6a4a82

>>235625
But laugh awkwardly.

Offer to kick it with Henry, so you guys can get to know each other better :3c
>>
No. 235633 ID: 3c3565
File 128573780575.gif - (9.16KB , 701x683 , 254.gif )
235633

With Anderson and Kim taking first shift, Nan offers to take the final shift with Henry, who agrees.
That leaves Anna and Pablo in the middle shift. They accept as well.

Kim rises from the bed and offers it to the others, but everyone is too polite to take the bed.
It's Nan's if she wants it.
>>
No. 235634 ID: 3416ec

>>235633

Agree to take the bed if the others will after she's done sleeping. We want to keep this fair.
>>
No. 235635 ID: a594b9

>>235633
Nan does in fact want it.
>>
No. 235637 ID: 6a4a82

>>235634

Yeah, plus mention that it's big enough to share. But glare at anyone who suggests anything dirty >:C
>>
No. 235638 ID: 70d9eb

Well you might as well if no one else is taking it! It would be silly if no one was in the bed.
>>
No. 235639 ID: 3416ec

>>235637

If it comes to two people in a bed, stuff one of those long pillows between youurselves.
>>
No. 235642 ID: 3c3565
File 128573846580.gif - (10.84KB , 701x683 , 255.gif )
235642

Nan shrugs and gratiously accepts the offer of the bed.
Understandably, the lights are going to be staying on. But that will be the last thing keeping her up.

And yet, settling in, Nan realizes how tired she really is.

She lies down, closes her eyes, and tries to sleep.
>>
No. 235646 ID: 3416ec

Time now to either fade to the next scene, or initiate dream sequence!
>>
No. 235648 ID: 19dce0

>>235642
And blackout in 3... 2... 1...
>>
No. 235650 ID: 3c3565
File 128573890798.gif - (1.49KB , 701x683 , 256.gif )
235650

Nan dreams of blood and sweat, and darkness.
Nothing seems to form completely.
>>
No. 235651 ID: 3c3565
File 128573892426.gif - (14.98KB , 701x683 , 257.gif )
235651

Nan wakes up.
>>
No. 235653 ID: b1ce4e

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>>
No. 235654 ID: 19dce0

>>235651
Call out "...Guys? You're not mad that I took the bed, are you?"
>>
No. 235655 ID: d97d76

Examine surroundings. What the hell is this place?
>>
No. 235656 ID: 3416ec

Oh man oh man oh man OH MAN.

Quick, arm yourself. Then investigate the Nan-shaped bloody silhouette.
>>
No. 235657 ID: 6a4a82

Take note of surroundings.
...
Call out and ask if they're mad that you took the bed.
>>
No. 235663 ID: 82fc6d

Get to the light quickly before Santiago or one of the other nasties lurking around in the dark come!
>>
No. 235668 ID: 3c3565
File 128573977811.gif - (18.15KB , 701x683 , 258.gif )
235668

Nan is in a strange place. There are no real furnishings around except for these tall, strange installments that look like badly stretched canvas. She stands in a long, darkened white hallway that leads to a larger but just as unfurnished room on one side and a narrow doorway on the other, from which steady light is pouring.
>>
No. 235670 ID: 3416ec

I see we are not in our overalls.

Head towards the light!
>>
No. 235671 ID: 644ca1

I don't think we are really awake, but let's not pinch ourselves and wake up just yet, hopefully we can get some kind of clue here.

Examine surroundings.
>>
No. 235672 ID: a594b9

>>235668
Briefly look in the larger room, to see what the other canvases are like.
>>
No. 235673 ID: d97d76

Anything immediately evident in the vicinity that could be responsible for copious amounts of projectile blood?
>>
No. 235674 ID: 0b2a05

Alright. Hopefully this is a dream, but you definitely need to watch out. Whichever feels more comforting to you, being in darkness or being in the light, go to that one and try to sneak, whatever's out there probably still doesn't know where you are.
>>
No. 235675 ID: 8dd1ee

Head to the large room first. I want to see what the other silhouettes are. (Or whatever is on the other canvases)
>>
No. 235677 ID: 22038c

Frame yourself on that canvas.
It calls for you.
>>
No. 235683 ID: 3c3565
File 12857412118.gif - (19.75KB , 701x683 , 259.gif )
235683

Nan peers into the next room. There are six more canvases here.
Only one bears a silhouette.

And... something else.
>>
No. 235684 ID: d97d76

>>235683
Do not approach it do not approach it do NOT approach it
>>
No. 235686 ID: 0b2a05

Duck to the ground, prepare to run. Does it look like it's looking at you, specifically? Or is it just staring? Say hello.
>>
No. 235688 ID: 6a4a82

It... it looks like it's in pain.
Say hello, but get ready to run like the crazy woman that we all know you are.
>>
No. 235689 ID: 3416ec

START RUNNING TOWARD THE LIGHT.
>>
No. 235690 ID: 8dd1ee

>>235683
If it hasn't noticed you: Back up, veeerrry slowly.

If it has, and is moving towards you/looking menacing: FUCKING BOOK IT

If it has, and simply watches: Say "Hello," but be prepared to run like hell.
>>
No. 235691 ID: fd6d7e

Either the guy had a huge hole through his right eye, or that spot was splattered there after he was gone. Considering there's a smear through his arm and torso I think it's likely this "painting" has been tampered with since the initial explosion of... blood...
>>
No. 235694 ID: dad664

>>235683
Go "OOGA BOOGA BOOGA!" at it.
>>
No. 235695 ID: e3f578

>>235683
I think that's silhouette might be Alan.
>>
No. 235698 ID: 3c3565
File 128574188677.gif - (19.33KB , 701x683 , 260.gif )
235698

Nan stops for a moment and watches.
She quietly calls out "Hello?"

The figure on the floor has definitely noticed her. Something about the room's atmosphere changes very suddenly.

Something on the canvas moves.
>>
No. 235699 ID: 3925d9

>>235698
gtfo
>>
No. 235701 ID: 19dce0

>>235698
...FUCK THERE IS A NAN BEHIND YOU GET OUT OF THERE
>>
No. 235703 ID: cf68aa

Get the fuck out
>>
No. 235705 ID: d97d76

Prepare yourself for an onslaught of mutant shadow clones.
>>
No. 235706 ID: 6550ad

Turn around, aware of the fact that the silhouette you left behind might be walking towards you now.
>>
No. 235707 ID: fd6d7e

>>235698

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT now I have absolutely no idea what the hell is going on. Why is the silouette moving? It's just an impression left behind by something blocking the splatter, right? Is it falling down from broken legs, or is it attacking the black thing?

I'd suggest you run into the light, if that is in fact safer than where you are right now. But my brain is full of fuck right now trying to comprehend negative positive spaces so I couldn't tell you left from right at this point.
>>
No. 235708 ID: a594b9

>>235698
Abscond.
>>
No. 235711 ID: 8dd1ee

Man, part of me wants to stay, and see what happens; maybe find out how Santiago has survived so long in the dark (this room = dark; other room = light). I mean, they really haven't done anything particularly threatening... yet.

Of course, the other part of me just wants to say "SHIT, CHEESE IT!" and get the hell out before Nan gets dream-killed.

Decisions, decisions...
>>
No. 235713 ID: 0b2a05

NO WAIT RUN, go to a dark place, you need to be able to see the sillhouettes!
>>
No. 235718 ID: 3416ec

RUN RUN RUN RUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNN.
>>
No. 235719 ID: 3c3565
File 128574282897.gif - (16.22KB , 701x683 , 261.gif )
235719

Nan runs towards the light. The darkness begins to recede behind her as the narrow doorway rushes up.

The faint, soft sound of crying hangs almost placelessly in the air.
>>
No. 235720 ID: b1ce4e

your painting grew eyes.
>>
No. 235721 ID: 19dce0

Look back.
>>
No. 235722 ID: 6a4a82

GOD this is the worst thing I have ever suggested in the history of TIME.

Look behind you.
>>
No. 235725 ID: b36916

Look at Nan's blood painting
>>
No. 235727 ID: 3416ec

Take a quick peek back while you dive into the light.
>>
No. 235729 ID: d97d76
File 128574357053.jpg - (10.19KB , 359x354 , DON\'T look back.jpg )
235729

>>
No. 235731 ID: 3c3565
File 128574361785.gif - (15.96KB , 701x683 , 262.gif )
235731

As she runs toward the light, Nan takes one quick glance over her shoulder.
>>
No. 235732 ID: a594b9

>>235731
RUN FASTER.
>>
No. 235733 ID: b1ce4e

nan painting help!
>>
No. 235734 ID: 19dce0

>>235731
That is not what I expected to be chasing you. KEEP GOING.
>>
No. 235735 ID: f03d2b

>>235731
Engage hugging.
>>
No. 235737 ID: e3f578

Say "ALAN! BAD TOUCH!" and run faster. Maybe if we guess his name he'll stop following us
>>
No. 235740 ID: 0b2a05

Keep running towards the light. When you reach it and you can safely, turn around, it might not be able to penetrate the light.
>>
No. 235741 ID: 3c3565
File 128574411329.gif - (13.38KB , 701x683 , 263.gif )
235741

Nan suddenly bursts through the doorway and emerges in a cold white room full of light.

Pablo is here.
He is making soft sobbing sounds.
>>
No. 235742 ID: 6a4a82

SHIT!!!! THAT'S A DAMN WINDOW YOU'RE HEADING FOR!
>>
No. 235743 ID: 6a4a82

ahahah, kidding.

yeah.
kidding.
>>
No. 235744 ID: 0b2a05

Say it's you, Nan, prepare for... ANYTHING! Ask him what the hell is wrong!
>>
No. 235745 ID: f03d2b

>>235741
Oh god, Pablo. What happened to you?
>>
No. 235746 ID: d97d76

Ehh. Pablo? You alright, man?
>>
No. 235747 ID: 3416ec

This keeps going from bad to worse.

Attempt to administer first aid to Pablo!
>>
No. 235748 ID: a7a85a

Politely request to know what the hell is going on.
>>
No. 235749 ID: 8dd1ee

>>235744
>>235745
>>235746
>>235748
These, of course, but shut the goddamn door first. You may be shutting yourself in with a Pablo-monster, but you're fucked if you leave it open, anyway.
>>
No. 235751 ID: 6a4a82

Shut the door, were you raised in a barn?
>>
No. 235754 ID: 3c3565
File 128574478656.gif - (11.74KB , 701x683 , 264.gif )
235754

There is no door to the hallway Nan just came from.

Nan quietly says Pablo's name, hoping to get a response. Immediately he snaps up, pulling his head away from his hands, which are soaked with blood. He stares at Nan for a long moment, then begins to speak.

His voice is shaky and breaks intermittently as he speaks.
He says Hello, baby.
Are you coming back now?
He says I'm sorry.
I'm so sorry.
Can you ever forgive me?
Can you ever forgive me for what I did?
Baby please
I'm begging you
I'm so sorry
I know
we can be happy together again

I'm so sorry
I never wanted it to be this way
I never meant for it to happen like this
can you forgive me
please
I just want you back
>>
No. 235756 ID: d97d76

what
>>
No. 235758 ID: b1ce4e

.... this is bad, be careful.
>>
No. 235759 ID: e31d52

>>235754
Ask if he murdered someone, or if he cheated on you.
>>
No. 235760 ID: e31d52

>>235759
Or both.
>>
No. 235761 ID: e3f578

oh god he murdered his wife or kid and he's paying for it here Anne was right
>>
No. 235762 ID: 6550ad

Say that it's ok. You forgive him. It's all going to be alright.
>>
No. 235763 ID: 6a4a82

Ok....
Ask him to calm down, while you get the hell away from the door.
Don't go behind him though. Stay in front of the desk and try to stay out of arms reach.
Also.
What?!
>>
No. 235765 ID: a594b9

>>235754
What did you do, Pablo?
>>
No. 235767 ID: 1ef7bb

>>235754
See if he's carrying a weapon.
If not, hug Pablo.
>>
No. 235769 ID: b1ce4e

juast say "time dickery"
>>
No. 235771 ID: 283fa9

>>235754
You know what? Fuck this. See if there's a door leading out of here that isn't leading back.
>>
No. 235772 ID: 0b2a05

Tell him that he can't just expect it to happen in one instance, it takes time and effort. But you're hopeful you could, you just need him to calm down.
>>
No. 235773 ID: b5af8d

>>235754
Clock him across the face with your engineer arms.
>>
No. 235774 ID: 3416ec

Pablo.


What did you do.
>>
No. 235776 ID: 030624

Hug Pablo
>>
No. 235778 ID: 3c3565
File 12857458293.gif - (20.70KB , 701x683 , 265.gif )
235778

Pablo.
What did you do?

He says he made a mistake
It wasn't supposed to be like this
But now you're back
Now he has a second chance

And he is going to make you live forever.
>>
No. 235781 ID: 476456

"oh no thats alr-wait no..i..uh..hm.."
>>
No. 235782 ID: 19dce0

NO PABLO NO

Find another exit.
>>
No. 235784 ID: d97d76

>>235778
This is not a good thing
>>
No. 235785 ID: e3f578

PABLO NO! Bad touch bad touch

Run away Nan punch yourself in the canvas
>>
No. 235786 ID: 0b2a05

Okay nan you need to get the message across that YOU are wearing the goat pants in this relationship, damnit! Tell him that he doesn't get to decide for you, and punch him in the face to establish dominance.
>>
No. 235787 ID: 8dd1ee

>>235778
;_;

-shit, Nan-silhouette. I don't know. If there's no other exit, do... something. Try to fight it, maybe, though I doubt it'll do much good.

Oh, and watch out for Pablo. I'm not sure what he'll try, if anything, so just keep an eye on him.
>>
No. 235788 ID: 3c3565
File 128574619669.gif - (4.93KB , 701x683 , 266.gif )
235788

The world gets blurry as Nan becomes aware of a strange sensation on her cheek.
>>
No. 235790 ID: f03d2b

>>235778
How can you make someone live forever, Pablo?
>>
No. 235791 ID: 8dd1ee

>>235788
Fucking rat.

Brush it off your face and get up. It might be your shift.
>>
No. 235792 ID: e31d52

>>235788
:D It's the mouse! Hello, mouse! Aren't you adorable and not terrifying in the slightest! Yes you are!
>>
No. 235793 ID: a594b9

>>235788
Gently reach out and pet the rat.
>>
No. 235794 ID: 3c3565
File 128574629976.gif - (9.58KB , 701x683 , 267.gif )
235794

Nan wakes up.
>>
No. 235796 ID: e3f578

call out everyone's name
>>
No. 235797 ID: a594b9

Investigate the bathroom. Then check outside.
>>
No. 235802 ID: 3c3565
File 128574658432.gif - (6.62KB , 701x683 , 268.gif )
235802

Nan peers into the bathroom, but there is no one there. She calls out, but there is no response.
>>
No. 235803 ID: 6a4a82

Check under the sink to see if there is anything that could be used.
>>
No. 235805 ID: a594b9

>>235802
...the mirror's broken.

It's as if this is the same room we met Henry in. Let's go outside.
>>
No. 235807 ID: 3c3565
File 128574684560.gif - (11.61KB , 701x683 , 269.gif )
235807

Nan steps outside into the hall.
>>
No. 235808 ID: 8dd1ee

>>235807
...that's Anna's hat. Fuck.

Get closer; see who that is. Not too close, though.
>>
No. 235809 ID: a594b9

>>235807
Oh no. Who's that over there? That looks like Anna's hat... Get your rebar ready.
>>
No. 235810 ID: 0b2a05

Oh god

Go back inside with the mouse
>>
No. 235812 ID: f03d2b

>>235807
The door to 311 seems ajar.
>>
No. 235813 ID: 6a4a82

If you still have that screwdriver pull it out and check out... what ever the hell is going on.
>>
No. 235814 ID: 3c3565
File 128574714058.gif - (146.75KB , 701x683 , 270.gif )
235814

Nan looks over.
Anna's bloodied hat lies by the two obscured figures -- one sprawled on the floor against the wall, the other dark, kneeling over the first.

It appears the black cloaked figure is doing something to the other with its hands.

[Animated]
>>
No. 235815 ID: 6a4a82

Ok the path is clear.
Shit yourself in terror.
Duck back into room.
>>
No. 235816 ID: 6547ec

D'awww, it's just Death of Rats. Check for any undead cheese you can give him.
>>
No. 235817 ID: 3416ec

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

BARRICADE THE DAMN DOOR NOW
>>
No. 235818 ID: e3f578

AHHHHHHHHH it's la chupacabre
>>
No. 235819 ID: 0b2a05

KILL IT.
>>
No. 235820 ID: d97d76

Flip the fuck out and charge that thing and pin it to the wall through its head with the rebar. Whoever it's hunching over could still be alive. WE DO NOT LEAVE OUR COMRADES.
>>
No. 235821 ID: 6550ad

Back to the room and close the door.
>>
No. 235822 ID: 8dd1ee

>>235814
Don't hide, don't barricade. You'll corner yourself, Nan. Just take Anderson's advice, and just. Fucking. Run. Don't look back; keep moving until you're sure you're safe.

And, I swear, if that thing killed Anna... we'll make it pay. Somehow.
>>
No. 235824 ID: 283fa9

>>235814
Say hi. No need not to be polite. Maybe he's nice?
>>
No. 235834 ID: c14916

>>235814
Well.

That certainly isn't very good.
I say you should most surely try to get back into one of the rooms.
>>
No. 235847 ID: 644ca1

Observe it for a while, but if it moves even one inch closer... RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!
>>
No. 235848 ID: 2563d4

>>235814
Say hello to the nice skeletal abomination.
>>
No. 235851 ID: b5af8d

>>235822
Just. Fucking. RUN.
>>
No. 235858 ID: dad664

Grab nearest WEPON or WEPON-LIKE OBJECT.

Hold your ground. Start demanding answers.

Become slightly annoyed at all the gore that seems to occur 'round these parts. Goddamn people losing their blood, don't they know how unsanitary that is?
>>
No. 235864 ID: 701a19

>>235814
Skull vs Rebar? Rebar wins.

Smash that thing's face off.
>>
No. 235869 ID: c71597

>>235814
Aw shitfuck. It's the death for goats. You better run like there was a hungry troll back there. And fucking hell, this thing is out in the light. Shit's real bad. Hopefully it will stay and keep doing whatever it was doing when you run away.
>>
No. 235872 ID: c49f76

Don't jump to conclusions. We don't know if it's the Beast or some other abomination. Although it's scary as shit.

The door is just next to us, we can always get inside. Let's try to see whether we have other viable options.

Do we have the pendant? If yes, it might be a good idea to raise it in front of this abomination. And ready the rebar.
>>
No. 235875 ID: bc3b7a

It's cutting/tearing someone apart, it's wearing a monk's habit..

It has to be the Pilgrim.

In which case running is SORELY TEMPTING.
>>
No. 235889 ID: bc3b7a

Wait, wait, wait.

Before we AGRESS, I think I just realized something.

That skull.. is a *rat's skull*. (See image in Discussion thread).

I have no idea if it is significant or not. But given how helpful the rats have been (and, to be fair, we didn't SEE this figure kill.. er.. whoever it happens to be dismembering. It could have come across the corpse?). But, assuming its friendly may be a mistake too.

Wait briefly to see how it reacts to noticing us?
>>
No. 235893 ID: fd6d7e

OKAY THE DARK CLOAK THING IS NOT ANNA SO SAVE HER BY SMASHING IT HEAD WITH REBAR
>>
No. 235898 ID: d8fe4d

Tell that rat man to stop with his shenanigans, your trying to sleep over here.
>>
No. 235955 ID: 48235a

WE'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS SCARY SHIT


DROP KICK THAT FUCKER


Oh wait
> "They stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can’t kill the beast"

Fuck it, just run
>>
No. 235959 ID: f52552

>>235955
Might be a warning away from trying to stab it... It looks skeletal, try bludgeoning.
>>
No. 235960 ID: 8a6625

I wonder where the others are? also why where you the only one still in the room, maybe it doesn't want to kill nan for some reason?
>>
No. 235961 ID: 48235a

>>235959
In that case, a dropkick might work
Dammit, Nan's the most dangerous animal on the crew, surely she knows how to kick

But no, really either run or ask why the hell he's all bloody and dead
>>
No. 235963 ID: 52ff3d

Guys I think the bed's fucked. Let's not sleep in it again okay?
>>
No. 235968 ID: 3c3565
File 128580079029.gif - (12.52KB , 701x683 , 271.gif )
235968

SHE BELONGS TO THIS PLACE NOW.
YOU CAN'T HELP HER NAN.
YOU CAN'T HELP ANYONE.

YOU CAN'T EVEN HELP YOURSELF.

>>
No. 235969 ID: 3c3565
File 128580080372.gif - (11.02KB , 701x683 , 272.gif )
235969

BUT IN DEATH, YOU HAVE A PURPOSE.
COME, NAN.

EMBRACE DEATH.

>>
No. 235970 ID: 2563d4

>>235969
Ok!

I bet you wake up somewhere else after you're done being stabbed.
>>
No. 235971 ID: 701a19

>>235969
"I have a purpose in life, too.
EMBRACE REBAR, MOTHERFUCKER!"
Beat the fucking shit out of him. You've got the light on your side.
>>
No. 235972 ID: d97d76

>>235969
Okay, run.
>>
No. 235973 ID: 9d07d9

retrieve cross pendant from inventory

if that doesnt somehow work against him get the fuck out of there
>>
No. 235974 ID: 56dc25

>>235969
Have a large, blunt object embrace his skull at the highest velocity you can manage.
>>
No. 235975 ID: 476456

"I'd rather not.."

..we gotta get a weapon.
>>
No. 235978 ID: a594b9

>>235969
I highly advise not being near the skeletal monster thing. Like for instance we could oh run away very fast and far away?
>>
No. 235979 ID: 9b6c31

Embrace death and PUNCH IT IN THE FACE!
>>
No. 235980 ID: e3f578

"Fuck. You."
>>
No. 235982 ID: 48235a

In a rugged, western voice, call:
"TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT, PIILLLGRAM."

Your purpose is being an electrician? Or is it? That doesn't matter now, being dead would probably be boring. Stand up for your ass! Just try not being too confrontational.
>>
No. 235987 ID: 3c3565
File 128580259582.gif - (10.78KB , 701x683 , 273.gif )
235987

Nan is torn between fight and flight. Her options are limited: She's by no means a fighter, but the only door out of this hall is past this ragged figure. She must take a stand, but afraid of getting close, she compromises.
Steeling her will, Nan reels back with her sharpened piece of rebar and prepares to hurl it at the oncoming monstrosity.
>>
No. 235988 ID: 3c3565
File 128580267849.gif - (7.04KB , 701x683 , 274.gif )
235988

Nan throws the REBAR SWORD!
It spins through the air in a sharp arc.
It's a lucky throw! The sharpened edge of the REBAR SWORD buries itself deep in the monster's skull, sending bone fragments flying!
>>
No. 235991 ID: d8d2eb

now RUN PASS HIM AND DOWN THE STAIRE FAST!!!
>>
No. 235992 ID: 2a9922

GET MORE HEAVY OBJECTS! DESTROY HIM!!
>>
No. 235993 ID: d8d2eb

>>235991
I meen stairs
down the stairs
>>
No. 235994 ID: 0b2a05

RUN THE HELL AWAY, if you get the chance, try to knock it over, piles of bones aren't generally sturdy!
>>
No. 235995 ID: d97d76

>>235988
"YOU EMBRACE IT"
>>
No. 235999 ID: 716eb0

can't leave without a weapon! retrieve rebar sword, possibly out the other side. Bumrush distracted skeleton, retrieve rebar, pummel into shards.
>>
No. 236002 ID: 3c3565
File 128580351457.gif - (4.63KB , 701x683 , 275.gif )
236002

HA.
HA HA.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

>>
No. 236003 ID: c14916

>>236002
HEY STOP THAT.
You're freaking me out man.
>>
No. 236005 ID: 3c3565
File 12858036205.gif - (6.79KB , 701x683 , 276.gif )
236005

SNAP.
Bone shards fly as the the monster roughly rips the REBAR SWORD out from its OWN skull. It doesn't seem phased at all.

YOU CANNOT FIGHT THIS, NAN.
ONLY WHEN YOUR LIFE IS EXTINGUISHED CAN THIS END.

>>
No. 236008 ID: 1ef7bb

"THEN IT WILL NEVER END"
>>
No. 236010 ID: d97d76

Can we get a quick check of the INVENTORY before proceeding?
>>
No. 236011 ID: 1ef7bb

>>236005
Go for the window at the end of the hall. If it isn't sealed off, then in all likelihood it leads to spacetimefuckery. We have no idea where it will take us, but almost anywhere is better than here.
>>
No. 236013 ID: a594b9

Let's abscond through the window I suppose.
>>
No. 236014 ID: 701a19

>>236005
Oh, wait, I see what this is.
That's not his REAL FACE, Nan. It is a MASK he is wearing. You missed his head.
Go grab that table and beat the ever-loving shit out of him. Use your INDOMITABLE SPIRIT to unleash the CYCLE OF HURTING on him.
>>
No. 236015 ID: c14916

Nan, meet window. Hello window!
>>
No. 236016 ID: 2a9922

get dresser drawers, throw at him.
>>
No. 236017 ID: d8d2eb

>>236013
NO it leed to the yard, that is where the beast live
>>
No. 236018 ID: 70d9eb

>>236005
Hum a showtune.
>>
No. 236019 ID: 48235a

Okay, it looks like Scott isn't putting up with any bullshit

Didn't Anderson say to just run if we saw the Pilgrim? We should try that.
>>
No. 236020 ID: e3f578

>>236019
Maybe some weird hotel bullshit will put us in the main enteyway again! FIND A WINDOW and re-enter another part of the hotel!
>>
No. 236022 ID: dad664

"WHY? I mean, not WHY as in WHY DID YOU KILL HER but WHY DOES IT HAVE TO END LIKE THAT.

I mean come on bro, I just want some fucking explanations goddamn."
>>
No. 236023 ID: 48235a

>>236022
You know, asking questions and getting answers is not such a bad idea

Cause you know, no one else is gonna tell us
>>
No. 236025 ID: d97d76

>>236019
The problem is this guy's standing in the way of the only path of retreat that isn't locking ourselves in the room.

Actually nevermind the inventory, grab the end table and see if you can't rush him with it. Get him to jam his knife into it, and get the hell out of there.
>>
No. 236026 ID: a594b9

If we're going to ask questions, ask about Pablo. Is he really responsible for all this?
>>
No. 236027 ID: bf1e7e

Why not ask how he knows your name?
>>
No. 236029 ID: 3e18de

Do we have the kooky statuette thing that was between rooms 312 and 313 at the moment? that could probably do some serious bashing if we had no other choice, nice and lumpy. One of the little tables as a shield would be good too.
>>
No. 236032 ID: d8fe4d

It's time to show the rat "your moves"
>>
No. 236037 ID: 18c4aa

Ask Death of Rats why hes being such a jerk, and why you and everyone else was trapped here.
>>
No. 236040 ID: 668fc4

Shit, it's death. Summon the spirit of RINCEWIND, the unkillable wizzard, and use his mighty power of OH GOD RUN AAAUUGGGHH.

Maybe back into the room or something, since we didn't run past him while he was distracted...
>>
No. 236041 ID: a594b9

(psst that's not a rat skull, check questdis)
>>
No. 236042 ID: 4f6e37

Could we please just fucking run?
>>
No. 236044 ID: dad664

Nan: Submit.
>>
No. 236045 ID: d8d2eb

>>236044
NO! that stupid
>>
No. 236046 ID: 6815c3

I don't care IF he's immune to the attack, that had to at least distract him. Rush that fucker and use his own knife against him!
>>
No. 236047 ID: d677cc

Run.

Christ, this isn't hard.

>>236014
It's like you want the PC to get killed, man. :/
>>
No. 236049 ID: dad664

>>236045
We don't know how this place works. We don't even know exactly what's going on. We could still be dreaming for all we know.

Submit.
>>
No. 236053 ID: 6a4a82

I'm voting for running. Running is always good.
>>
No. 236054 ID: 48235a

>>236049
No, UNDIES nan is dreaming Nan!

...or maybe overalls Nan is dreaming Nan? Hm.
>>
No. 236059 ID: f03d2b

As long as he doesn't look like he's going to charge us, I vote for trying to get some answers out of him.

At the very least, who is he and why is he so certain that Nan must die?
>>
No. 236062 ID: 3e18de

>>236059

I'd assume it's meant to intimidate us into submission, since whatever's going on here won't stop until the hotel can no longer take people in.
>>
No. 236064 ID: e3f578

Come on there's a window right behind her I don't care if its a dream or not lets get the fuck away right out of that window. If it leads to the courtyard fuck it we can run from the beast too.

The GM looks like he left an opening for us let's take it. Weaver isn't "rock falls everyone dies". Lets metagame the fuck outta this
>>
No. 236068 ID: f03d2b

>>236064
>Lets metagame the fuck outta this
Classy.
>>
No. 236149 ID: 06e9b4

>>236005

"You can never defeat death. But you can fight it! And that's what life is!!"
>>
No. 236170 ID: 86ae0f

RUN
>>
No. 236194 ID: 8dd1ee

In this:
>>235807
I can see some kind of small table.

Nan, back up and grab the table, then hold it vertically (like a big shield) and ram that son of a bitch into the wall behind him. This time, use the distraction to run past him into the hallway beyond.

Oh, and one more thing; try to keep your body away from your side of the table, if that makes any sense. That fucker might try to stab you through the wood, and I don't doubt he could do it.

Why did it have to be Anna? ;_;
>>
No. 236197 ID: ee38fb

SHIT
We never asked Kim what the future is like!
If we meet up again, ask her what the future is like!
>>
No. 236204 ID: 192c6d

Wait, we might still be in "fake world mode"!

Quick, tell it, before it kills us, to explain what it means and why we're here! (Then as it's talking, get the FUCK out of there!!)
>>
No. 236209 ID: 8a6625

pinch self, I know we just woke up but try, it's better than dying
>>
No. 236214 ID: c71597

>>236005
Do what you should have done from the start. Motherfucking run!
>>
No. 236244 ID: 53ee7e

I know this isn't the time for this, but has anyone wondered what all those lines on the wall of the room she was in were converging to under the bed? >_>

Also, I agree with the idea of asking him about this place. For example, what was suggested earlier; asking about Pablo.
>>
No. 236259 ID: f26953

>>236059
Eh, doesn't look like he's going to give us any real insight into what's going on around here. I'm pretty sure all its explanations will revolve around its "death is the way out" dogma.

Let's run and try to find the rest of Team Survivors.
>>
No. 236272 ID: 701a19

>>236005
"Are you going to try to kill me at this meeting? What's going on here? Why did you kill her? What do you want? Why am I here? What is this place?"
>>
No. 236273 ID: 476456

Perhaps not some direct insight but he might say something we can glean info off of.
>>
No. 236284 ID: c14916

Call out Pablo's name, see if the thing responds. I have a really strange feeling the two are connected.

Notice how Pablo was gone once before? What if he turns into this thing either by force or of his own will.
>>
No. 236289 ID: f0a8cf

He isn't going to listen to reason and Nan sure as heck won't be helping anyone if she's dead.

Using the table to ram the dead-face in order to get past him sounds like the smartest idea I've heard so far. He's in a corridor, so he can't exactly dodge it very well, and a decent charge should knock him on his ass or force him back sufficiently for Nan to slip past.
>>
No. 236320 ID: 192c6d

>>236284

Actually, it's not Pablo. The skull is closer to what Henry would be in super-detail mode, as both are ungulates.

... shit, this is a problem!!

QUICK, CALL OUT HENRY'S NAME!!
>>
No. 236332 ID: ce69d7

Normally I don't like reiterating suggestions that were already given, but my vote is to use the table as a distraction or - if adrenaline is on our side - use it as a battering ram to deflect the psycho cannibal's stabby attempts as Nan runs like her butt is on fire.

I mean, seriously? You expect the thing with the bloody knife who seems to have been mutilating Anna's body and laughing like a psycho at the idea of killing Nan to tell her anything except how she's going to die? Even if it's Pablo, Henry, Anderson, Santiago, or even Anna herself, I don't think this thing is sane enough to be reasoned with right now. At least not while it's laughing maniacally at the idea of slaughtering Nan.

RUN, KID, RUN!
>>
No. 236335 ID: f03d2b

>>236332
Compromise: take up defensive stance with impromptu table-shield, then attempt to ask questions. If he starts getting aggressive, then we can counter charge.

As someone else said, even if the thing/dude is kookoo for cocoa puffs, we might still be able to glean some information out of its words.
>>
No. 236349 ID: 1963d1

>>236320
I say this isn't Pablo OR Henry.

I also say Nan should get to running if she wants to live!!!
>>
No. 236356 ID: 17beed

He seems to be quite the talkative monster, ask him why he is not hurt by the dark like his companions.
Yes. Call them COMPANIONS.
>>
No. 236358 ID: 17beed

>>236356
Er. I mean ask him why he doesnt get hurt by the light for that matter.
>>
No. 236359 ID: 1963d1

>>236358
You can talk while you run, can't you Nan?
>>
No. 236366 ID: 3c3565
File 128588123750.gif - (7.66KB , 701x683 , 277.gif )
236366

Nan throws questions at the approaching monster. Why did it kill Anna? Why is it doing this? What is this place?
But the creature does not seem in a talkative mood.

NO. STOP TALKING.
NO QUESTIONS, PLEASE.
YOU HAVE TO DIE.
YOU NEED TO RELEASE ME.

The creature wields its knife menacingly and begins shambling towards Nan. Clearly it is not waiting for permission.

Nan considers rushing the monster with the table, but on reconsideration decides to just flee.
She runs to the end of the hall. The window appears to be unlocked, and she begins to force it open as the creature approaches.
>>
No. 236367 ID: 701a19

>>236366
Use a tool from your tool belt to break the glass, then jump out the window.

We can try petting the beast or something, I guess.
>>
No. 236368 ID: d97d76

>>236366
Anywhere is better than here right now. Let's do this.
>>
No. 236369 ID: 0b2a05

"There's got to be other ways to release you! I'm not dying when there are other possibilities!"

Fuck. Get out the window, it looks like your only good option.
>>
No. 236370 ID: 2563d4

>>236366
Hang out the window to shorten the drop and get a chance to look for the best place to land.
>>
No. 236371 ID: dad664

>>236366
"GODDAMMIT WHY CAN'T YOU GO HOME AND BE A FAMILY MAN"
>>
No. 236372 ID: 6547ec

Hammer at the nearest doors! Maybe one of them isn't locked!
>>
No. 236374 ID: 1c66c2

Damn, I guess facing death and fear to escape the Hotel would be too easy. It's only for his benefit, unfortunately.

Well, time for the Leap of Faith, out the window we go.

There's unfortunately almost no time to check what's below due to him creeping so close, so we'll have to hope Nan doesn't fall on something dangerous.
>>
No. 236375 ID: e31d52

>Release me
Hm. Filed away.


You don't have anything else on you to open the window faster so we can jump through it faster?
>>
No. 236376 ID: f21cfe

>>236366
Apply CUTE HORNS if tools fail.

>>236370
I get the feeling we won't fall down, and there's going to be another corridor mirrored from this one.
I hope there won't be a mirrored Horsebones there.
>>
No. 236377 ID: c14916

>>236366
Fuck that shit, you're a goat! Back up about a foot and ram that window with your head, jumping out the window at the same time.
>>
No. 236378 ID: 3c3565
File 128588266436.gif - (7.51KB , 701x683 , 278.gif )
236378

Nan has entered the COURTYARD.
>>
No. 236379 ID: e31d52

>>236378
SHUT WINDOW.

MOVE NEXT DOOR.

OPEN WINDOW.

ENTER.
>>
No. 236380 ID: 6547ec

Sidle over to your left there, and check the window. Mind the fairly high chance that there's a drop in the way.
>>
No. 236381 ID: 212f24

Has Nan ever heard of Assassin's Creed? Might be best to climb down a floor and enter through another window.
>>
No. 236382 ID: 2563d4

>>236380
This, and don't stop to close the window because it'll probably slow you down more than he.
>>
No. 236383 ID: 1963d1

>>236378
I'm going to say avoid ground level, you know, because there's supposed to be a "Beast" prowling about around here. Hop over to that other window.
>>
No. 236384 ID: 3392ab

Hide, wait for him to come over and then throw him down there?
>>
No. 236385 ID: 17b5c0

Close the window!
>>
No. 236387 ID: 3c3565
File 128588356550.gif - (7.29KB , 701x683 , 279.gif )
236387

Nan edges over to the nearest window carefully.
However, she is on the third floor, and standing on a downward-slanted awning of what feels like rounded clay roofing tile.
Her footing is uneven, but she manages to proceed away from the hallway window slowly.
>>
No. 236388 ID: 0b2a05

Stay in the darkness, hide and don't make a sound
>>
No. 236389 ID: 1963d1

>>236387
THIS WILL END BADLY
FUCK IT, SLIDE DOWN THAT MOTHERFUCKER AND BRACE FOR IMPACT
>>
No. 236390 ID: 2563d4

>>236387
Crawl on all fours. Lower centre of gravity and hands ready to grab at things if you slip.

And you can kick at him if he climbs out after you. I bet smooth, bony feet slip well on rounded clay.
>>
No. 236391 ID: 17b5c0

he's coming
he's coming
he's coming
>>
No. 236392 ID: dad664

>>236387
Nan: View surrounding area of Hotel.
>>
No. 236393 ID: e31d52

>>236387
!

CHANCE!

WHILE HE'S OPENING THE WINDOW STEAL HIS WEAPON

HIS GRIP WILL BE SHITTY AS HELL
>>
No. 236394 ID: f21cfe

>>236378
It looks like you can leap over the darkness. Do it. Don't waste time closing the window, don't waste time probing the unlit area. If that hotel's architechture has a single ounce of logic, there's no barrier between the two windows.

We have the speed advantage of not being a pile of bones in a monk hood. Let's use it.
>>
No. 236395 ID: 230121

>>236387
Oh god get to the next window. I don't want to fight him on a ledge in the dark, and try not to make noise, they said that 'the beast" lives in here.
>>
No. 236396 ID: a41aaf

>>236378
>COURTYARD
Oh fuck, it's Beast-o-clock.
Stay away from ground level, if at all possible. We need some sort of light source before trying to jump what could either be a dark gap between window ledges, or a big pillar of brick. If you still have the lamp or the torch, use that. If not, and you have anything reflective, use it to bounce the very bright light from the hallway across the gap.
>>
No. 236397 ID: 70d9eb

>>236387
He's probably gonna be on your fluffy little goat tail, see if you can get in the nearest window. If there's something to throw just inside, you should try nailing tall dark and horsey with it to make him lose his balance on the awning if he follows.
>>
No. 236398 ID: c14916

>>236387
Nan is a goat :I
Goats have like, super good footing abilities. Use GOAT POWERS to easily cross the tiles.
>>
No. 236399 ID: 212f24

Is their a top to the Hotel? How many floors are there? Do you think you could climb it?
>>
No. 236400 ID: 3c3565
File 128588419088.gif - (7.00KB , 701x683 , 280.gif )
236400

Nan presses herself up to the wall and hides in the darkness.

A moment later, the skeletal face appears through the window, peering out into the night, and down the lit awning to the dark courtyard below.

Nan tries her best not to make a sound.
She barely even breathes.
>>
No. 236401 ID: 17b5c0

Stay where you are unless it starts coming out
>>
No. 236402 ID: 0b2a05

Wonderful. Keep doing that. Taking something out to throw it would make noise, so just try to stay still.
>>
No. 236403 ID: e31d52

>>236400
>open window
>dude peering out
>I've seen a lot of tom and jerry in my time
>oh man I've ALWAYS WANTED TO DO THIS

SHUT THE WINDOW ON HIS NECK
>>
No. 236404 ID: 2563d4

>>236400
Stay put, then.
>>
No. 236405 ID: f03d2b

>>236403
Yes!
>>
No. 236406 ID: dad664

>>236400
Take this time to reflect upon the scenery surrounding the hotel.
>>
No. 236407 ID: 3c3565
File 12858845327.gif - (6.78KB , 701x683 , 281.gif )
236407

After what feels like a very long time, the cloaked figure disappears from the window and his shadow slowly recedes.

I'm sorry it has to be this way, Nan.
>>