[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 161117)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 41599 unique user posts. View catalog

File 127070262735.png - (55.48KB , 960x540 , TItle.png )
161117 No. 161117 ID: f46a61

Yes there are champions of light, who do noble deeds, and save the world. But who gets things done? Who brings progress? Not the good guys. Say what you will but evil is what keeps everything moving. Without it, no one would feel obligated to change. Slavery, coercion, bribery, murder, all these things are considered evil. But really you sir, are getting yourself into the family business.
Expand all images
>>
No. 161118 ID: f46a61
File 127070273697.png - (325.09KB , 2024x1176 , 1.png )
161118

Cutscene

"Good distance today."
>>
No. 161121 ID: f46a61
File 127070318562.png - (565.75KB , 3104x1472 , 2.png )
161121

>>161118
At the speed we're going, we'll hit Yang Quay by nightfall. And all it's pretty ladies...with those shining eyes...and welcoming smiles...and spread-"
"Please focus on the road Fayjinwa. I do not need to hear about your sexual escapades with half the city's prostitute population."
"Oh your just edgy since you haven't enjoyed the company of one. And it's more than just sex, you know."
>>
No. 161123 ID: f46a61
File 12707035721.png - (529.28KB , 3104x1472 , 3.png )
161123

"I'm sure these is."
"Yes there's the way they draw you in, the way they listen to you, like-"
"Enough."
"Why, you have known what it's like to be with one yourself. Why-"
"Your Wolyo. They are restless."
"Oh! Steady. Steady now girls."
"Be ready. We are not alone"

.....a....they.....s.........w.........t....t........A.......t....be....Firs.....
>>
No. 161124 ID: f46a61
File 127070361788.png - (140.88KB , 3104x1472 , 4.png )
161124

......n....
>>
No. 161125 ID: f46a61
File 12707037331.png - (101.10KB , 1068x944 , 5.png )
161125

"Hrk!"
"Kah Ja!"
"AMBUSH!"

....b....t.....v.......w...n....take....all...d..kill..f..c..
>>
No. 161127 ID: f46a61
File 127070395777.png - (418.93KB , 3104x1472 , 6.png )
161127

This is...ing...t...look bad...f....e...h...best to...salv....a...I can.
>>
No. 161131 ID: 7524b0

(psst, your images are TOO BIG)
>>
No. 161138 ID: f46a61
File 127070615084.png - (363.53KB , 1868x1456 , 7.png )
161138

>>161127
"JU GWAH! I'LL TEAR YOU ARMS OF-AGH!"
>>
No. 161142 ID: f46a61
File 127070631552.png - (277.69KB , 1868x1456 , 8.png )
161142

....the hells is that?
"Oh...ach...ju gwah..."
>>
No. 161144 ID: f46a61
File 127070641999.png - (285.44KB , 1960x1268 , 9.png )
161144

Now...is odd...This is supposed to be a regular caravan. Why would there...something......this?"
>>
No. 161150 ID: 1ac39d

[3...2...1...] oh hi! we are the orb of infinite psyche, voices that offer advice of many ranges.
>>
No. 161151 ID: f46a61
File 127070720551.png - (138.39KB , 1552x1192 , 10.png )
161151

End Cutscene

This is some of the best craftsmanship I've seen in years. Why would a grain merchant have this sort of thing? Ah Gakh, I can't see shit with this thing on!
>>
No. 161155 ID: 1ac39d

>>161150
oh hi! we are the orb of infinite psyche, voices that offer advice of many ranges.
>>
No. 161157 ID: 7524b0

>>161151
Well take it off then.
>>
No. 161158 ID: f46a61
File 127070774824.png - (166.54KB , 1580x1100 , 11.png )
161158

>>161150
Ach-ka! Voices?! Orb of Infinite...wait what? Hold on one second. Where have I heard of this?

*wheeze*'Ju gwah...die!"
>>
No. 161159 ID: 1ac39d

finish him!
>>
No. 161162 ID: 7524b0

>>161158
Behind you, guard, kill.
>>
No. 161165 ID: f46a61
File 127070867268.png - (166.41KB , 1580x1100 , 12.png )
161165

>>161162
[i]What guard? Oh. One moment.[/i}
>>
No. 161173 ID: 701a19

>>161165
Either you're simple bandits, in which case needless killing is undesired, or you're in the realm of very horrible people, in which case you would be taking slaves.

Just backhand her and take her weapon.
>>
No. 161174 ID: f46a61
File 127070983415.png - (110.09KB , 1140x678 , 13.png )
161174

"Ach-ka...you made me do this."
>>
No. 161177 ID: f46a61
File 127071001583.png - (50.88KB , 964x556 , 14.png )
161177

>>161173
Well unknown voice, you're correct about the slave bit. I'd hate to kill such a fine specimen...but my fighting style demands lethality at such close range.
>>
No. 161178 ID: 7524b0

>>161174
Haha that tickles stop squeezing us like that.
>>
No. 161179 ID: 1ac39d

>>161178
ugh...
some in here like to pretend we can feel stuff.

anyway. while it does seem your style is brutal and effective, you need to get rid of it. by that i mean change it, if you have such a rigid thing as a style then someone can simply think up a counter style made specifically to fight yours. fluidity is the name of the game.
>>
No. 161180 ID: f46a61
File 12707104142.png - (71.69KB , 964x556 , pause.png )
161180

>>161177
Pardon sirs, but I have certain errands I must complete. When completed I shall resume our little tale.
>>
No. 161182 ID: 701a19

>>161177
Then your fighting style demands incompetence.
>>
No. 161251 ID: f46a61
File 127074477746.png - (73.00KB , 734x662 , 15.png )
161251

>>161177
I do not understand why you are getting so tested about. This man knew the dangers that awaited him. Shameful as it is, I can do no other with the urumi. Were he a little further I could have simply injured him and that would have been the end of it.
"Cold blooded Venian. See I told ya you should have used a sword."
"I can't wield that thing. I'm more comfortable with the urumi anyway Iagn. Besides as close as he was I doubt you could have done any better."
"Ah...maybe...maybe."
Before you ask, that is my half Brother, Kekhar Iagn Makag.
>>
No. 161259 ID: 8ecfd4

>>161251
Nice work, that is quite a wicked little weapon. Reminds me of another one I have seen, flexible blades attached to handles, you can spin them around and anyone that gets close will get cut up.

Anyway, you should train some with your sword. Trusting on only one weapon or tool is a good way to get yourself killed.

By the way, if this was just a grain merchant then why did you hit them? They're hardly going to have alot of cash when they're heading into town to sell their merchandise.
>>
No. 161261 ID: f46a61
File 127074858849.png - (32.75KB , 541x475 , I dunno.png )
161261

>>161259
Wait you can't read my mind? What sort of all knowing gods are you?
>>
No. 161267 ID: 8ecfd4

>>161261
Well, we're infinite but don't really have the mind for it. Imagine yourself being at multiple locations at the same time, able to hear thoughts. But you can't decide at what point in time you arrive, what thoughts you hear or who carries you around. Very annyoing and confusing.

Anyway, you picked us up. Means you're the master now. We will do our best to help you achieve your goals. We can also be handy at times as a warning system due to our very strange visual field.

So again. Why did you hit this caravan? They hardly seemed to have anything worth stealing.
>>
No. 161278 ID: f46a61
File 127075090788.png - (29.29KB , 410x646 , 16.png )
161278

>>161267
Ah...uh...very well, I hrm...
Anyway this wasn't an actual raid for loot or valuables, though this bauble is an interesting take. We did it for the slaves. The chief commodity of our culture, and brings prestige to our family. If you haven't yet noticed we are all just initiates, and we aren't exactly experts at this sort of thing. In fact, this was to be our Rite before we become true members of the Makag family. Or in Shadeleaf's case, here Slave Rite to become a full class citizen.

"What Venia? Is there something on my face?"

"Huh? No just thinking about our next strategy."

And being born into the head of the family, I've been tasked with leading us all. My future as the Heir Apparent depends on my success. And so far we've had more problems than I'd like.
>>
No. 161287 ID: 8ecfd4

>>161278
I would say. You're doing this slave raiding thing totally wrong. To much lethal force and you don't seem to have any non lethal back ups. Where are the blunt weapons for knocking people out? The blowguns with tranquelizer darts? Do you even have manacles for any slaves you take?

Ok, lets get down to buisness. What kind of slaves are you looking for? Depending on what you're searching for you need to adapt your tactics.
>>
No. 161350 ID: 3e7dd8
File 127075931028.png - (68.57KB , 911x520 , 17.png )
161350

>>161278
Tranquilizers? Blow Darts? We are not allowed any of that until we complete our Rite. We have to catch slaves the old fashioned way. As for what kind? It doesn't matter too much, just as long as there are more of them than us. So far we have I believe thirty six, and twenty of us. The Wolyo will make a good bonus-

"Gakh! These damn things are going crazy! Hold them down! Hold them down!"

Ach-ka...do I have to do everything?
>>
No. 161353 ID: 8ecfd4

>>161350
Do you atleast get manacles? Herding slaves without that is a major pain in the ass.

Ok so you have 36 now and you just need more of them then you. Lets grab another 4 to make it an even 40. Try to just wound them if they fight back, nothing to permanent though. Lowers their value if you damage the goods.
>>
No. 161409 ID: d28002

>>161350

Fair enough on the whole doing things the hard way as initiation, but surely you could use something like a cosh, or baton of some sort?

Anyway. Information on how your economy works could be useful; what marks someone as eligible to be a slave for instance? Is it racial/political/gender based, or purely attacks of opportunity? How are they treated in general once a part of your society: as highly valuable possessions/tools to be maintained with care; expendable chattel; or in between?
>>
No. 161565 ID: 3e7dd8
File 12707798823.png - (65.94KB , 621x500 , 18.png )
161565

>>161353
Of course we aren't left with nothing! We are allowed at least that.
>>161409
No. My fighting style as well as others are to incapacitate, and kill only when necessary. We have only the basics for herding captured slaves, manacles, chain links, whips and a few other things. And your other question any foreigner is considered free game. That's why we're on the Eastaland islands. I-
"Ooich!"
"Stop your hurting them! Get off my birds!"
"The crap? Who the hells' this?!"
>>
No. 161570 ID: 3e7dd8
File 127078010713.png - (67.92KB , 885x521 , 19.png )
161570

"You monsters! Don't you know how to properly care for such delicate creatures?! There, there Jia. Come to mommy..."
"Iagn, did you see her before?"
"Nah. Musta been a stray...But how the hell we missed a Tsang Naji is beyond me."
Odd indeed. Those things are taller than most humans, and are pretty hard to miss. Wait. That emblem. It can't be. I hoped this was just a vassal working under him, but with a Tsang Naji...this may turn ugly quick.
>>
No. 161571 ID: 7524b0

>>161570
Motion to your allies to stand down. Then just go talk to the Tsang Naji.
>>
No. 161577 ID: 6834bc

>>161570
'Ugly' how? 'International incident with a powerful warlord' ugly, 'this person can rip us all to shreds without so much as batting an eye' ugly, or a different kind of ugly altogether?
>>
No. 161590 ID: 7524b0

Wait a second... it has four arms?
>>
No. 161618 ID: 3e7dd8
File 127078386329.png - (80.43KB , 952x527 , 20.png )
161618

>>161577
Hopefully a kind of ugly I can avoid

"YOU! You're the leader of this rabble?"

She is talking to me. I think. "Well I-"

"Tell your soldiers to leave. And go back to your lord, with this warning: should he ever try to encroach on Chang territory again, they will feel my father's wrath."

And it seems I can't avoid it. This Tsang Naji is the daughter of Chang Naroubu, the strongest feudal lord of the Eastaland Islands. Which makes her Chang Gyoji. And puts me in deep shit. Ack-sha...
>>
No. 161623 ID: 1ac39d

ugh, politics. nobody likes those.
>>
No. 161657 ID: 3e7dd8
File 127078571720.png - (21.64KB , 728x523 , ffffffffffffffff.png )
161657

>it has four arms?
Yes 4. And because of that they were worshipped as children of the gods, or something. Some stuff in their language doesn't translate over I'm afraid. But that doesn't make this situation any better for me.
>>
No. 161661 ID: 1ac39d

then, kill her and all the witnesses.
>>
No. 161663 ID: 701a19

>>161657
Bah, just knock her out and take her with you. She'll make a fine slave, and her father will never know.
>>
No. 161666 ID: 6834bc

>>161657
Well, think like a slaver...
You got two options. Try diplomacy, or... overpower and silence her for a very 'unique' slave.

Massive note of warning:
Option number two is dangerous, foolhardy, and requires you to have gigantic testicular fortitude.

Although, I guess, hidden option number three is to get her to fall in love with you. Pulling that off would cement you as possibly the most charismatic motherfucker in the world.
>>
No. 161711 ID: 82474b

So, instead of slavery, sounds like you've got someone to ransom. Even better, unless your group just doesn't go for that. What's more, she's likely to follow along just based on you dragging the Wolyo along. She won't give you much trouble as long as she can't free her Wolyo, it seems.
>>
No. 161712 ID: 701a19

>>161666
Bah, in our experience all nobility have secret fetishes for being dominated by people they consider beneath them. Take her as a slave and she'll be all over you in under a week.
>>
No. 161817 ID: 8ecfd4

>>161657
Grab her. You could either ransom her back to her father or sell her to his enemies. I'm sure they would be delighted to have her as a slave.
>>
No. 161822 ID: d28002

>>161817

On the other hand, risking starting a war possibly isn't the best plan on your rite of passage. Might make you lose a few marks and such.
>>
No. 161838 ID: 701a19

>>161822
Bah, just steal the caravan. Since that's not how you operate it removes you from the list of suspects.
>>
No. 161856 ID: 3e7dd8
File 127084036155.png - (56.64KB , 545x472 , 22.png )
161856

>Bah, just knock her out and take her with you. She'll make a fine slave, and her father will never know.
[i}I couldn't care less about her father. But she's royalty. And a taboo of my culture is enslaving anyone that risks political feedback in their home country. And worse off, I am not to allow any proof of my presence in Eastaland as part of my Rite. AND I am not supposed to kill too many. Yes I killed one. But I'd rather not increase that unless I have to.[/i]

>all nobility have secret fetishes for being dominated by people they consider beneath them

Wow seriously? That's just. Wow. Even so I'd rather not get too involved with her. Though if that is true it will make my journey home less difficult.

"Chang Gyoji. As of now your name, your title, and your life belong to me. Restrain her and throw her with the rest."
"You sure Ven? She doesn't seem like the submissive type. We'd attract a lot of attention."
>>
No. 161857 ID: 701a19

>>161856
"We would attract more attention if she told people we were here. 'Sides, she'll wise up pretty quick."

I'd suggest keeping her AWAY from the other prisoners. When you break for camp keep her with you bound and gagged, and start breaking her immediately.
>>
No. 161858 ID: 6834bc

>>161856
Slaves can be made quiet before their masters, even if they don't obey. Besides, it's not like you can kill her, and she's more useful as a slave anyway.

Might want to act fast while she's still in shock from being told she's going to be a slave, and provide appropriate discipline for your orders being questioned.
>>
No. 161865 ID: 3e7dd8
File 127084260759.png - (35.64KB , 377x380 , 21.png )
161865

>Provide appropriate discipline for your orders being questioned.
While he can be annoying, Iagn is still my brother. I know it's hard to tell, since he is part Kobold, but we share the same father.

"We would attract more attention if she told people we were here. Besides, she'll wise up pretty quick."
"Erm...okay(you sound odd) But what about the caravan? If Gyoji was traveling with it someone is bound to notice it missing right quick."

That is a good point. With nobility on board, a search party will be organized much faster than if it was just a grain merchant. At this point it's impossible for me to hide this, but I might still be able to destroy any evidence it was us. But how?
>>
No. 161866 ID: 8ecfd4

>>161865
Burn the caravan and the corpses.
>>
No. 161867 ID: 701a19

>>161865
Loot the caravan like bandits and then burn it.

Alternatively, steal the caravan and find a cliff somewhere you can toss it off, then burn the debris.
>>
No. 161887 ID: 3e7dd8
File 12708485285.png - (95.09KB , 875x501 , 23.png )
161887

"Take anything of value. Shoot some more bolts in the corpse and burn the rest!"

"BAI CHA! GAKIJUNG! YOU'RE LORD WILL BURN FOR THIS!! YOU WILL HANG ALONGSIDE HIM HUMAN YOU ALL WILL!"

"Be sure to take the Wolyo too."

"Um Ven, we have a bit of trouble now. Seeing as how a Tsang Naji eat twice as much as us, and the Wolyo are real picky eaters...our supplies will only last us a week, even with rationing."

"What about the caravan?"

"I dunno what they have, but given the size, I doubt it'll stretch what we have into even a months supply."

"I'LL MAKE SURE EVERY LAST ONE OF YOU SUFFERS FOR THIS!!"

"It seems I'll have to go to Yang Quay for supplies. Find a slave whose clothes fit me. And get me some of their money. Hopefully the princess carries enough money to pay for everything."

"MY FATHER WILL HAVE YOUR HEAD IN A BOX HUMAN!"

"And someone shut her up."

Well things are going from bad to worse. What do you suggest oh voices-that-only-I-hear-even-though-I'm-probably-going-insane?
>>
No. 161890 ID: 701a19

>>161887
Clearly you need to start breaking her immediately. Move to a location not in line with this route, then set-up camp in a forest.
THEN send some of your troops to secure supplies while you make use of your new toy - you're keeping her for yourself, by the way.
>>
No. 161894 ID: 8ecfd4

>>161890
That lowers the value of the merhandise. What their owners do afterwards is not part of your buisness, but you're supposed to get the slaves to wherever you sell them in good shape. Half dead slaves don't really fetch a good price.

Just gag her and tie her up. Sling her over a draft animal or something to make sure she won't slow you down.

Then get what food you need and get the fuck out of there.
>>
No. 161897 ID: 7b538c

We aren't selling her, it's obvious she's important, no one in their right mind would buy her do to potential political blowback. Personally, I don't think she's going to "break", but it's too late to go back now, so trying is necessary.

Get out of the area, you can play with your "toy" when you are a safe distance from here.
>>
No. 161898 ID: 8ecfd4

>>161897
It's likely her father has enemies. Enemies powerful enough to be able to resist him. I'm sure we could convince one of them to buy her. If she is in a good condition they could try the whole forced marriage to get at the inheritance scheme. If they were to produce a child with her they could use that child to usurp her fathers power.

If we have messed around with her that might not work though. So lets make sure there is no market for her before we start defiling her and breaking her in.
>>
No. 161899 ID: 6834bc

>>161887
Since your new addition seems to care about these birds so much, maybe she'd shut up if you threatened to kill one.

On the subject of food...
Well, let me just put it this way. How much are Wolyo worth, and... do they taste like chicken?
>>
No. 161902 ID: 701a19

>>161898
The risk from that is too high. She needs to disappear in order to keep your involvement a secret. If she wound up in the hands of an enemy then it would mean war between the two, but it would also mean war against yourselves.
She clearly can't be sold, which means you get to keep her as your own.

Put more bolts into the corpse, steal the caravan, get out of the area, and set up camp in a forest. The faster you get this done then the sooner you can get her used to living your will.
>>
No. 162000 ID: 1ac39d

throwing my vote into the 'keep her as a pet or something' side.
>>
No. 162469 ID: 3e7dd8
File 12709588755.png - (53.74KB , 523x470 , 24.png )
162469

>How much are Wolyo worth, and... do they taste like chicken?

Well your typical War Wolyo can fetch quite a high price. They are a mixture, of speed, endurance and art in one mount. Travel Wolyo which is what Princess Pain has, are barely worth a thing, and both kinds taste terrible.
>Move to a location not in line with this route, then set-up camp in a forest.
THEN send some of your troops to secure supplies while you make use of your new toy

Camp is already set, we just need to move our new catch over. Sending my followers is not an option however. Chang Narobu is notoriously xenophobis, intolerant of any foreigners in his land with the exception of humans. And since the only other native race to EAtaland is the Tsang Naji, coupled with the fact nearly everyone besides me is not full human, makes me the only person who can go to Yang Quay without being executed on site.

>She clearly can't be sold, which means you get to keep her as your own.

Unfortunately it is starting to look that way.

"BAJIKUNG HUMA-mmmmmrph. mmmph phm mmnngh!"

For the love of...
>>
No. 162474 ID: 3e7dd8

"Someone tie her down and put her in my tent. Hopefully I'll be back by morning."
"Sure boss, we found something that fits ya. Farmer clothes. We stitched over the blood stains so there shouldn't be much trouble."
"And money?"
"Well er...the princess did not have too much. We've already tied the necklaces to the Wolyo."
"Ach-ka...I'll think of something...Rezo Eternal."
"Rezo Eternal."
Well I'm gonna need your help more than ever now. I may be human but my Rezan features make me stick out like a sore thumb among Eastaland humans.
>>
No. 162476 ID: 3e7dd8
File 127095929336.png - (32.12KB , 523x470 , 25.png )
162476

Ugh, I still smell the man's odor on this thing...A farmer with a Wolyo and more cash than sense...I'm gonna need to lie through my teeth to get through this.
>>
No. 162496 ID: 6834bc

>>162476
Good thing you've got us with you - we're pretty skilled at making up stories.

And don't worry too much about Princess, there. She'll come around eventually, if she knows what's good for her. Just like any other slave, right?
>>
No. 162515 ID: 3e7dd8
File 12709632451.png - (28.61KB , 357x470 , 26.png )
162515

>>162496
I hope so, my survival depends on it.

"It's okay girl, recognize me?"

*sniff*

"Yes it's alright. It's just me."

Wolyo, strong birds, and they have a lot of stamina, but they're dumber than a box full of rocks, and everything further than a foot is a blur to them. She only knows me from the Eastalander scent my clothes have. Ugh Travel Wolyos, a thousand wrong ways to ride them...
>>
No. 162518 ID: 3e7dd8
File 127096328678.png - (27.05KB , 595x351 , 27.png )
162518

...and no right way. This is gonna be bumpy.
>>
No. 162523 ID: 3e7dd8
File 12709641524.png - (47.56KB , 727x527 , Intermission.png )
162523

Pardon good people. To better ease the transition, I shall now hold intermission while I prepare the next scene. If you any questions, or requests to use the facilities, ask them now.
>>
No. 162553 ID: 6834bc

>>162523
Has everything gone just as planned or not as planned? Are we breaking your expectations or fulfilling them?

Why don't Wolyo taste like chicken?
Oh! I know! Are we some sort of ribbon or something? All I could really tell is that we're sort of long and flat-looking. Can we be wadded up or tied on or something, to look decorative?
>>
No. 162555 ID: 1ac39d

>>162553
what? no, we are an orb, the weird ribbons are some kind of lighting effect.
>>
No. 162556 ID: 6834bc

>>162555
I must not have been looking closely enough. My bad.
>>
No. 162562 ID: 3e7dd8

>>162553
The story seems to be going relatively in the correct direction. Not that its a bad thing.

And Wolyo do not taste like regular farm birds because they are bred for work, not for eating. As a result they are dry, stringy, and tasteless. Yes with the right spices it could taste fine, but in all honesty, it isn't worth it.
>>
No. 162563 ID: 6834bc

>>162562
It may have to be worth it if we can't help secure some decent food.

...Or maybe the slaves could eat it. Would probably shut up Gyoji right quick, at least without the gag in place.
>>
No. 162570 ID: 3e7dd8

>>162563
Simply because they are more valuable carrying the supplies than they are being eaten.
>>
No. 162572 ID: 3e7dd8

>>162563
Though it may work keeping the Tsang Naji in line...
>>
No. 162599 ID: 3e7dd8
File 127097148759.png - (83.72KB , 727x527 , Intermission 2.png )
162599

And I now begin the next act. Thank you for your patience. Mind you though, I have a few pressing concerns, so my updates may be...erm...sporadic.
>>
No. 162603 ID: 3e7dd8
File 127097162828.png - (44.51KB , 886x483 , 28.png )
162603

"That'd be far enough Ju Gwah. Stop right there. Yang Quay is on alert with recent bandit raids."
>>
No. 162606 ID: 3e7dd8
File 127097199769.png - (62.84KB , 718x483 , 29.png )
162606

"Yes. Stopping. That sounds very good about now."

Well lucky for me, they still think my previous raids were bandit attacks. I may be able to infiltrate Yang Quay after all.

"Now several questions. First. Why are you, a Ju Gwah a farmer? Second, what business do you have here, and why the rush? Third, why do you not have an escort? Answer those first."

Perhaps not. This guard actually seems intelligent.
>>
No. 162613 ID: 1ac39d

don't know about one but
2: i was attacked by bandits
3: i was the only one to escape alive
>>
No. 162634 ID: 6834bc

>>162606
"W-well, I suppose you gathered that I don't come from a wealthy family... Mother always told me I reminded her of Father... Then she would look sad and distant for a while before smiling again. I've never actually... met Father; she would only say that he lived very far away, and nothing more.

B-but none of that is important right now! I really need food and supplies! O-our small farm was attacked by bandits a few days ago, and they stole and burned almost all our crops! Mother is frail, so it fell to me to get them, and then I narrowly avoided getting killed by more bandits on my journey here!

I-I'm ashamed to say, sir, that I... only survived because I... I hid. They-they killed everyone, sir! Everyone!"

This assumes that it wouldn't be absolutely unheard of for a Ju Gwah man to knock up a woman here and basically leave her, or to bring her here and then leave her to 'get rid of the evidence'. But play it right, and you could get some pity out of the guard.
>>
No. 162699 ID: 8ecfd4

>>162606
You're a farmer because your dumb shit father decided that you should be a farmer. He said it builds character or something like that.

You're there because you're tired of being out on your farm and stare at stupid animals all day while doing backbreaking labor. You want some rest and maybe some company for a few nights. And you have gone without for a long time so that's why you're hurrying.

The lack of escort is your damn father again. He said you had to manage the farm yourself and shit. So no servants and no guards. Just you and a shitload of farmwork that always needs doing.
>>
No. 162851 ID: 3e7dd8
File 127102308437.png - (19.41KB , 377x380 , 31.png )
162851

"W-well, I suppose you gathered that I don't come from a wealthy family... Mother always told me I reminded her of Father... Then she would look sad and distant for a while before smiling again. I've never actually... met Father; she would only say that he lived very far away, and nothing more."

"So your a half-bred Ju Gwah...ugh. Sorry for you boy. What about the rest though?"
>>
No. 162855 ID: 3e7dd8
File 127102333563.png - (22.77KB , 377x380 , 32.png )
162855

"None of that is important right now! I really need food and supplies! Our small farm was attacked by bandits a few days ago, and they stole and burned almost all our crops! Mother is frail, so it fell to me to get them, and then I narrowly avoided getting killed by more bandits on my journey here! I'm ashamed to say, sir, that I... only survived because I... I hid. They-they killed everyone, sir! Everyone!"

"Well your clothes are certainly scraggy enough...there's something off about that story. If you don't mind I'd like to wait until the search party sent out for the pri-erm grain carts come back.
In any case, why so much money? I know you need supplies now, but you have enough there to feed an army for a month. Why do you need so much, and more importantly, where did you get it all? Last I checked farmers are not the wealthiest people in the land."
>>
No. 162892 ID: 6834bc

>>162855
He is a sharp one. How's this work for you?
"Oh... I-I was hoping you wouldn't ask, but...

I know I might not look it, sir, but I'm... kind of good at sneaking around. When I said I... hid, earlier, I didn't really tell you the whole truth. I did hide, but I got a little... greedy.

Some of the bandits did get killed in their attack, so I kind of... liberated what money I could. I thought, it was a way to pay them back for killing everyone... and I thought maybe I could use the extra to help our farm. I know stealing is wrong, but I thought, 'They're bandits, so it's okay.'

I'll never steal again, sir, I promise!"
>>
No. 162981 ID: 3e7dd8
File 127103472998.png - (58.68KB , 718x483 , 30.png )
162981

>Oh... I-I was hoping you wouldn't ask, but... I know I might not look it, sir, but I'm... kind of good at sneaking around. When I said I... hid, earlier, I didn't really tell you the whole truth. I did hide, but I got a little... greedy. Some of the bandits did get killed in their attack, so I kind of... liberated what money I could. I thought, it was a way to pay them back for killing everyone... and I thought maybe I could use the extra to help our farm. I know stealing is wrong, but I thought, 'They're bandits, so it's okay.'

"...I see."

His tone tells me he's not buying it, I may have to find another way in.

"One last thing. Your Wolyo. Those tail feathers mark it as noble breed. How did you, a farmer come into possession of it?"
>>
No. 162989 ID: 701a19

>>162981
"It is? One of the bandits left it and took a different one, probably because it's so hard to ride this one."
>>
No. 162993 ID: 1ac39d

damn, did we run into the smartest guard ever or what?
>>
No. 163018 ID: 24aa45

>>162981
simple and clear

"It is?"
>>
No. 163041 ID: 3e7dd8
File 127103854648.png - (26.10KB , 377x380 , 34.png )
163041

>It is?

"Yes this is not a difficult question? How did you get your hands on such an expensive bird?"

He is tensing, like he's waiting for me to say the wrong answer.
>>
No. 163044 ID: 7524b0

>>163041
"I guess it must've been one of the ones the bandits were riding. I wasn't paying attention to which bird I took when I escaped."
>>
No. 163089 ID: 3e7dd8
File 127104202063.png - (22.61KB , 377x380 , 33.png )
163089

>I guess it must've been one of the ones the bandits were riding. I wasn't paying attention to which bird I took when I escaped.

"Hmmm. Final question. I know farming has its hazards. But why are you so heavily scarred on only your left arm and your right is unscathed? A lot of those marks denotes someone more used to the sword than the seed."

Oh right. My scars. I recieved them when learning how to use my urumi. back then I was not allowed to wear armor so I would memorize every mistake. Eventually I learned to fear the pain, and how to avoid the pain. But, that leaves me with...well this.
>>
No. 163099 ID: 6834bc

>>163089
"Oh, these? ...I don't know. I've had them for as long as I can remember... Whenever I asked Mother about them, she would just... turn away and look down.

...I think it's a painful memory. After a while, I realized that it was pointless to ask her. I don't want her to hurt anymore, sir."
>>
No. 163101 ID: e973f4

>>163089
I haven't got a clue what to say to that one. Someone else should, though.

But I get the feeling that this guy is just fucking with you at this point regardless. :/
>>
No. 163105 ID: 7524b0

>>163089
"Well I WAS trying to train to be a guard but I really sucked at it. Are you accusing me of something?"
>>
No. 163108 ID: 701a19

>>163099
No, scars don't grow as you age. If that were the case they would be tiny things.

Instead look mournful and say "I had a run-in with some bandits years ago. I was young and stupid and tried to fight back. They... pinned me under a wagon and did... that... to my arm. But they did much worse to my..." Cast your eyes away and look ashamed "pride..."
>>
No. 163111 ID: 6834bc

>>163108
Right, disregard my suggestion then.
>>
No. 163131 ID: 3e7dd8
File 127104387997.png - (62.04KB , 753x471 , 35.png )
163131

Well I suppose I could try...though you may be right he is simply toying with me.

"I had a run-in with some bandits years ago. I was young and stupid and tried to fight back. They... pinned me under a wagon and did... that... to my arm. But they did much worse to my...pride."

He just sits there. I think it may have worke-

"You're lying!"
>>
No. 163146 ID: bcf25c

>>163131

Right, you know what to do.

Break down crying.
>>
No. 163152 ID: 3e7dd8
File 127104501289.png - (60.66KB , 753x471 , 36.png )
163152

>>163131
cutscene
"You can't be a farmer, your story is full of holes. Tell me who you really are or I'll run you through."

"Jang Ma! Wait! That man's one of ours!"

"I-a-gyer-juh! What?"
>>
No. 163166 ID: 3e7dd8
File 127104545673.png - (54.22KB , 753x471 , 37.png )
163166

"What are you talking about? The man is Ju Gwah!"

"Exactly! He is part of our investigation. Bandits have been smuggling in illegal material from Ju Gwah traders. And you know how their groups have infiltrated ther city and live among the populace. He's here to help us find exactly how far they have gone."

"Um...yes! I knew that, Minh Tazhihu. I want to know exactly why he conjured up that ridiculous lie."
>>
No. 163173 ID: 3e7dd8
File 127104567564.png - (46.82KB , 753x471 , 38.png )
163173

"He is undercover! Why else would he make such a stupid story?"

Stupid?

"I don't know...are you sure?"

"You doubt me? You doubt Chang Naroubu?

"I-"

"Maybe you already knew he was coming. Maybe you are in league with the very criminals we are hunting."

"No! Of course not! I-I-...I'll just return to my post..."
>>
No. 163175 ID: 24aa45

What do you think is the reason?, although you did a pretty good job with the analysis...
>>
No. 163179 ID: 3e7dd8
File 127104581260.png - (43.36KB , 753x471 , 39.png )
163179

End Cutscene

"My apologies...I know you have traveled a long way to carry out this operation."

"Er...It's fine really."

It seems I have had a stroke of mixed luck. She has mistaken me for another, which should allow me into the city...but that also means I'm stuck with her. Now I'll need to find away to get away from her.
>>
No. 163209 ID: 8ecfd4

>>163179
Well it was a rather stupid story.

Ask her to tell your of their operation. What do they have in place right now.
>>
No. 163211 ID: 1ac39d

but ask it in a way like 'so how is YOUR end of the operation going? smoothly, i hope.
>>
No. 163487 ID: 3e7dd8
File 127112511199.png - (69.92KB , 753x471 , 40.png )
163487

"Of course how are things going on your side of the er, operation?"

"Quite well sir! In fact we we're waiting for your arrival!"

"Oh...great."

"Something wrong sir?"

"No nothing."

This is bad. I'm not supposed to get involved with another nation's politics, and that includes these 'operations'. Ach-ka I'm gonna need to slip away but how can I do that?
>>
No. 163499 ID: 6a5a08

These guys seem ninja-ish.

-Find Smoke Bomb
-Use Smoke Bomb
-Escape without any problems
>>
No. 163502 ID: 1ac39d

no, would say a distraction is needed if you want a hope of escape. sabotage their plan by being a triple agent.
>>
No. 163557 ID: 8ecfd4

>>163487
Learn more about your plan and use it to your advantage. For instance, in the names of keeping up your disguise and story see if you can't make them buy the supplies you need for you.

Tell her that it's great and all that things are going fine here. But you needs specifics, it's always good to get the latest information on the ground once you get there.
>>
No. 163588 ID: bcf25c

>>163487

You could sell them the story that the bandit raids are actually slavers.
>>
No. 163853 ID: 3e7dd8
File 127120796795.png - (46.88KB , 632x471 , 41.png )
163853

>>163588
>the bandit raids are actually slavers.

Now why in the hells would I want to inform them what I'M doing here?

"This way...we must discuss these matters privately."

Her tone makes it sound a bit suggestive. there might be more to her contact than simply an informant...
>>
No. 163864 ID: 3b6c92

>>163853
So wait, she has you confused with someone she's been intimate with? Is that even possible?

I suspect an ulterior motive here, but heck if I know what it is.

Uhhh, follow her, I guess.
>>
No. 163927 ID: bcf25c

>>163853

Possibly. And why shouldn't you tell her? It's not as if YOU'RE a slaver right now.
>>
No. 164645 ID: 4db567

>>163853
Follow her, but be prepared for a trap.

Find out as much as you can about what is going on.
>>
No. 167090 ID: fbb632
File 127172720469.png - (53.76KB , 897x512 , 42.png )
167090

>>It's not as if YOU'RE a slaver right now.

Not now yes, and I'd like it to stay that way. Few people in Eastaland even know we're here, and I'd rather not add anymore to that list.

"This way sir?"

"I-wah?"

"This way."

"Ah yes sorry."

>>164645
Seems like a good idea. The more I know the less likely I'll run into them in the future. Wait...is this a brothel? This looks like a brothel.
>>
No. 167101 ID: 24aa45

More likely a harem...
You know the difference between a harem and a brothel
>>
No. 167118 ID: fbb632
File 127173115326.png - (1.03MB , 767x471 , 43.png )
167118

>>167101
Yes...Rezo has plenty of those. I should know considering I'm a child from my father's harem. And this doens't seem like one, it's too...poor.

"Sit please. You must be exhausted from the trip, relax with some Jachi tea.

Wait, I remember this stuff. The Zokof family carts this stuff to Rezo by the ton. Apparently it enhances sexual arousal, and sensitivity...I'm a bit mixed about this.
>>
No. 167179 ID: f900dd

>>167118
Accept it. Probably not going to lead to anything fun, well not for you. They will have great fun with getting you all hot and bothered and then cockblock you in the middle of a brothel.

Ask for more specifics on their operation. You want to hear about the situation from the people already there.
>>
No. 167181 ID: 9e9b47

>>167118

Pretend to drink, unless the chick stays right there like the whole time. If she does stay there, take a small sip and innocently say you're not sure if your stomach could take the tea.
>>
No. 167219 ID: fbb632
File 127174334811.png - (39.37KB , 767x471 , 44.png )
167219

>>167179
That sounds like the best course of action.

>>167181
It doesn't look like she's going to leave any time soon. And Jachi is pretty expensive, I'd hate to waste it...though I'll have a very uncomfortable erection for days.

"Well then, care to fill me in on specifics?"

"Oh of course-"
>>
No. 167221 ID: fbb632
File 127174373654.png - (51.88KB , 767x471 , 45.png )
167221

"-Rezo Slaver."

"WHA?!PPPBB!

ACH KA! WHERE'S MY URUMI?! SHE'S-giggling?
>>
No. 167226 ID: 1ac39d

dammit! never spit-take! she knew the entire time so since you are not getting attacked by guards already you are not going to.
>>
No. 167227 ID: 7524b0

>>167221
Well, ask her why she's covering for you.
>>
No. 167231 ID: fbb632
File 127174541239.png - (45.62KB , 659x471 , 46.png )
167231

>>167226
If you had a throat you would know piping hot tea going into your lungs is very unpleasant! That is curious though...I'd like to know how this woman managed to learn about us.

"Pluh! SO you knew all along?

"The moment you arrived."

"I suppose you now hold me hostage? Or make me beg?"

"Of course not! If I wanted to kill you the thirty so guards hiding behind that wall would have done so."

"How though? Not many of you Eastalanders are bright enough to know about us."

"Silly boy...you don't give us enough credit. When Chang Narobu wants someone, they are always found. Always. And your friend Bak Tho was very helpful."

Bak Tho...that little worm! When I find him I'll-

Wait, no one even knows him by that name. You must have alot of money to loosen tongues like that."

"I do."

"Which makes you...who?"
>>
No. 167232 ID: fbb632
File 127174560695.png - (11.86KB , 323x397 , 47.png )
167232

"Li Jue. Chang Narobu's Third Strategist, and First Mistress."

Perfect. I try to avoid the nobility and now I'm holding a warlord's daughter, with his mistress ready to kill me with a word. Ach ka, I'll probably fail the Rite for this..if I'm not hanged first.
>>
No. 167234 ID: 701a19

>>167232
"So, what do you want?"
>>
No. 167238 ID: 6834bc

>>167232
Yeah, might as well find out what she wants from you. I've got my suspicions, but for now I think I'll not speculate.
>>
No. 167241 ID: fbb632
File 127174688272.png - (28.22KB , 659x471 , 48.png )
167241

"So, what do you want?"

"Mmmmm. So direct. I like that in a man. A shame you're a Ju Gwah otherwise I'd show you things..."

Tell me.

"Oooh, that sends shivers every time. You have a great voice you know. Alright, a grain cart that was supposed to arrive hours ago never made it. I suppose that has to do with you?"

Yes.

"Mmm, and this cart happened to have a certaing stowaway...a Tsang Naji?"

"Perhaps"
I don't like that glint in her eye.

"And was this particular Tsang Naji, one of nobility? named Chang Gyoji?"

I don't like where this is going
>>
No. 167244 ID: 1ac39d

shit, she is too good. you can't lie your way out of this she could read you from a mile away. all we have is hope she is just messing around.
>>
No. 167248 ID: 701a19

>>167241
Take a swig.
"You aren't asking to know, you're asking because you know. I'm alive because you want something, and I'm not in chains because you don't want to retrieve her. You intend to strike a deal, and you're holding almost all the cards.
So, again, what is it you want?"
>>
No. 167251 ID: fbb632
File 127174777123.png - (37.66KB , 659x471 , 49.png )
167251

"You aren't asking to know, you're asking because you know. I'm alive because you want something, and I'm not in chains because you don't want to retrieve her. You intend to strike a deal, and you're holding almost all the cards. So, again, what is it you want?"

"Cute AND smart. Too bad, I'd love to take you around...in anycase you're correct. I, and Narobu want something from you."

Ach ka, I can feel the tea working already...Damn Jachi. Damn cleavage.
>>
No. 167252 ID: 1ac39d

hang on, let me try something
[decrease arousal]
>>
No. 167253 ID: fbb632
File 127174791099.png - (36.64KB , 659x471 , 50.png )
167253

>>167251
"We want you to take Chang Gyoji as a slave, and get her the Meekwa out of the country."
>>
No. 167255 ID: fbb632

>>167252
It's not working...this suit covers it well but not for much longer, ow! The breeze hurts. Damn sensitivity. Damn Jachi! DAMN SEXY WOMAN!
>>
No. 167257 ID: bcf25c

>>167253

"I see. Is it healthy for me to be curious as to why?"
>>
No. 167258 ID: fbb632
File 12717485154.png - (29.15KB , 659x471 , 51.png )
167258

>>167253
"I-what?"

"You heard correct pretty boy, take that girl and get her our of the country. After that I don't care, kill her, enslave her, fornicate with her. It doesn't matter, just make sure she never comes back."

I can honestly say I had a hundred different possibilities for what her demands could have been. this was not one of them.
>>
No. 167259 ID: cbe5df

Ask what we get in return. We are, after all, being asked to do a favor.
>>
No. 167261 ID: 6834bc

>>167258
Looks like my suspicions were right - though the father being in on it wasn't something I expected.
"So why does the esteemed Chang Narobu want his daughter *ahem* removed from the country?"

>>167259
What they get in return? They don't get their asses killed for being slavers, I'm thinking.

At any rate, you might mention that you guys need supplies to last until you can get out of the country.
>>
No. 167264 ID: 701a19

>>167258
"You must have some specific instructions, since I doubt you'd risk a meeting just to tell me to keep doing my job."
Down the rest of the tea, then gesture with the cup
"I would imaging that this is related."

Well, since you're keeping her as your personal slave she can help you work off the tea. See if you can get some sort of insignia or mark you can show her to prove that she was sold out.
>>
No. 167267 ID: fbb632
File 127174951520.png - (29.32KB , 659x471 , 52.png )
167267

"I see. Is it healthy for me to be curious as to why?"

"No. But you might as well know. She's become a political liability."

"So why does the esteemed Chang Narobu want his daughter *ahem* removed from the country?"


"Because she is an inbred, masochistic bitch who does not care for her father's image. Yes, most of them have a strange obsession, I mean Naroubu likes it when I step on his back but ANYWAY, at least he keeps his secret, away from the eyes of his political opponents. Gyoji does not. A year ago she was in heat, and she demanded a servant to spank her. SPANK HER! Poor thing was terrified. This is why all of his wife's children are sheltered and all of OUR children are his officers."

Oh wow...I guess you we're right about nobles and secret fetishes.
>>
No. 167268 ID: 1ac39d

haha, we warned you about those nobles, we told you dog! now once you get back you are free to take your.. ahem.. 'frustration' out on her, if you catch my drift.
>>
No. 167270 ID: 701a19

>>167267
"Well, then. If it soothes his conscience then know I intend to keep her for myself, and that I will take good care of her; I'm quite sure she'll be very happy.
Is there some phrase or symbol I could use to prove to her that no one will ever come to her rescue?"

Now, aren't you glad you decided to keep her as your own?
>>
No. 167272 ID: 6834bc

>>167267
"Well, from what you've described, it sounds like I would be doing you both a great service.
I would be honored to help."

And, of course, toss in the bit about any further help they can offer (food, supplies, some way to further bypass town guards, etc) being appreciated and how it would help speed up the process of removing Gyoji.
>>
No. 167274 ID: fbb632
File 127175022356.png - (34.73KB , 659x471 , 53.png )
167274

I hope you know what you're doing.

"You must have some specific instructions, since I doubt you'd risk a meeting just to tell me to keep doing my job."

Ach ka. The ride back is going to hurt so bad. I down the rest of the tea.

"I would imaging that this is related."

"Actually if you played a little harder to get I would have slept with you. Then threaten to cut your genitalia off...a shame really. And yes. There are a few specifics. In a month, Naroubu will declare his daughter missing, and begin a hunt for her. He will either search in vain despite his valiant efforts, or he will kill you all but not before you kill poor Gyoji. Either way he will win the hearts of the people for caring about his children, a trait few nobles ever get a chance to exhibit. If you want to save your hides you had best leave the country by then."

A month?! With the group's current size, we'll be lucky to leave in twice that amount of time!

[/b]AHEM! Well, uh, we will be needing supplies, to move say, forty, maybe fifty along."[/b]

"Done, and you'll have a a few extra Wolyos to lighten the load."
>>
No. 167275 ID: 1ac39d

okay then. take a bow and let's go. your buds are going to all 'whaaaaa?!' when you show up with a bunch of stuff. and a command that you need to move
>>
No. 167276 ID: fbb632
File 127175085050.png - (40.46KB , 659x471 , 54.png )
167276

"Well, then. If it soothes his conscience then know I intend to keep her for myself, and that I will take good care of her; I'm quite sure she'll be very happy. Is there some phrase or symbol I could use to prove to her that no one will ever come to her rescue?"

"I couldn't care less if that wench was happy. But if breaking her spirit will move her along, then yes. I know of something."

She reaches between her...ajkrrr...breasts. Damn tea is really making me edgy.

"With this she'll know you spoke to Naroubu, or at least with me."

She hands me a scrap of cloth with some sort of emblem on it. I don't recognize it though, but if it helps...

"Will this also help me bypass any guards?"

"I'm afraid you will have to stay off the roads. Should Gyoji see any sign of her civilization, she will undoubtedly try to escape, and given her status, any other people you have...captured, will try to defend her. You don't want that, we don't want that."
>>
No. 167278 ID: 6834bc

>>167274
Limited timeframe simply means your priorities get restructured.
You can't afford to screw around - your top priority is going to have to be getting out of the country, Gyoji intact or not.

That means that 36 and one four-armed special order are going to have to be enough for the people back home.
>>
No. 167280 ID: 701a19

>>167274
"Ah, how unfortunate that I was so willing to keep doing what I've been doing. I suppose I'll have to console myself with your step-daughter once I get back to camp.
Will that be all?"

How many more slaves do you need?
Hit a small village or a few homesteads along the way to your ride home. Then head home and drop off what you have before going right back out to hit a different country.
>>
No. 167282 ID: fbb632
File 127175156572.png - (32.58KB , 412x471 , 55.png )
167282

Honestly, we we're just supposed to have more than us. there are twenty slaver, so that should be enough, though extras will be a welcome bonus, and may help them overlook, my...royal package.

"Ah, how unfortunate that I was so willing to keep doing what I've been doing. I suppose I'll have to console myself with your step-daughter once I get back to camp."

"As I have said I do not care. Be as rouch as you like."

"Will that be all?"

"Yes, I'd like a taste of what I'll miss."

Before I can ask what she means she lunges and presses her lips to mine. This tea REALLY makes things more arousing than they need be.
>>
No. 167283 ID: 701a19

>>167282
Put one hand on the back of her head and one on her ass, and put as much passion into that kiss as you can manage.
Much like a handshake, this is a bid for dominance. Put just enough force into it that you take control over the kiss from her, but not much more.
>>
No. 167284 ID: 1ac39d

well then, remember that once you get back you can keep that promise and get some royal poon.
>>
No. 167289 ID: fbb632
File 127175232561.png - (39.92KB , 583x471 , 56.png )
167289

>>167283
Before I can even react she breaks it, smiling at me.

"Shouldn't have had so much of that tea before seeing you."

She snaps her fingers, and several armed guards escort me out of the brothel, and guide me back to the gatehouse. There everything is already waiting for me, supplies already strapped to several Wolyo. Approximately twenty two. And then there's the one I rode on. The same surly guard is there, glaring at me.

"Never would guessed you were on our side."

"I've been meaning to ask about that. How did you know I was bluffing?"

"Because Chang Naroubu's fourth daughter Chang Miyami has a serious thing for Ju Gwah. If there was even a hint of a Ju Gwah in our lands, she would have scooped you up to be her love toy or something."

"Ah. Thank you."

"Yes, that's nice. Just next time, don't make such a horrible lie."

Nice guy. I'll be sure to nab him personally if the family conducts a raid of Yang Quay.
>>
No. 167290 ID: fbb632
File 12717528068.png - (34.47KB , 583x471 , INTERMISSION AGANZ.png )
167290

And now I believe it is time once again for an intermission. I have a horrible pest problem that needs to be dealt with. If there are any questions, now would be best to ask them and I will get back at my soonest available time.
>>
No. 167298 ID: 701a19

>>167290
Isn't this what /questdis/ is for?

Anyway, you are standing by your decision to keep Chang Gyoji as your own personal slave, correct?
Will you be keeping her with you at all times, as is wise, or with the other slaves like a fool?
>>
No. 167301 ID: fbb632

>>167298
Actually I was using this instead of the usual 'pause' doohickeys others have been using.

In any case, yes, Venian shall keep Gyoji close, having her near the regulars would be too damaging.
>>
No. 167302 ID: 6834bc

>>167301
Have you been in the IRC (#rubyquest and #tgchan on rizon) yet? It's a wonderful place to talk to other quest runners and readers, if you haven't.
>>
No. 167328 ID: db570f

>>167290
What are Venian's possibilities of advancement in his society? Could he become an important political and military leader?

Because I can think of a certain way this will come back and majorly bite Chang Naroubu in the ass eventually. It's not a quick plan, but if it pays off then Venians kids might inherit quite a big empire and even bigger claims. First step is simple. Marriage, hold off doing anything to Gyoji until her father has gone through his whole fake search thing and keep a low profile until it's over. By then she will hopefully be quite annoyed and who knows, yearning for some action.

That's when Venian makes his move and marries her, the official story will simply be that she ran away to marry in secret. Her father disowns her and everything goes on as usual.

That is until Venian has aquired enough political and military power to become a recognised power in the lands. Then it's time to strike, starting with assassinations (that can't be traced back to him) of Chang Naroubu and as many of his kids as we can get. And soon after that Venian will put forth his kids claim to the now vacant throne.

That's just the broad outlines of the plan though. Will demand alot more work and planning to make it work, if it can work that is, but it's a goal to keep in mind.
>>
No. 167378 ID: 701a19

>>167301
I also asked if he intends to keep her for himself.
>>
No. 167417 ID: fbb632
File 127179952460.png - (130.92KB , 806x586 , ENNNND!.png )
167417

>>167328
The thing is, few people in Eastaland even know Rezo exists. Those that do believe it exists thing it's a gateway to hell. And fewer actually know what it truly is.
Venian is Heri Apparent to inherent command of the Makag family, the family which currently possesses the largest military force in Rezo. doubled with their alliance to Rokof which has the most advanced navy in Rezo makes them a potent force indeed.
In any case, my pest problem has been temporarily alleviated. Resuming the quest.
>>
No. 167420 ID: fbb632
File 127179968789.png - (47.36KB , 731x393 , 57.png )
167420

Note to self. Never ride anything with an erection. Ever again.

"Veni! You're back! Did yo-Ach ka! How much was all this?! Did you raid the whole damn city?!"

[b]In a moment Iagn, I-HURGH!"{/b]
>>
No. 167424 ID: 701a19

>>167420
"It cost us time. We need to clear out of here and head for home, we move tomorrow.
Have my four-armed slave brought to my tent, and take care of these supplies."
>>
No. 167437 ID: 24aa45

>>167420
you may want to break the news to the girl...

I mean, you've got to feel bad for her... although you can play her into her fathers arms (though the father is likely behind this)...

Talk, mention names, see what can be done. Get home, pack up what you can, and run for the hills.
>>
No. 167438 ID: fbb632
File 12718038258.png - (61.87KB , 557x393 , 58.png )
167438

"Wow Veni, you alright?"

"Fine, Iagn, several things though. First, get that prncess to my tent."

"We already did. It was the only one big enough to hold her."

"Right. And meet me in the command tent later, we need to get out of Eastaland in a month."

"...yes sir."

Iagn, is not stupid, he knows something bad happened in Yang Quay, but he's smart enough not to make a commotion about it in front of the others.

"By the way, do you know if Tsang Naji go into heat around this time?"

"I-what?"

"Well, we bound and gagged the princess and blindfolded her, you know sensory deprivation and such? Well instead of breaking down like most slaves do, she seems to be...enjoying it."

...

..."Let me deal with it."
>>
No. 167440 ID: 701a19

>>167437
Break the news AFTER you start the process of breaking her. Save it for when she's ranting about how her father will put your head on a pike.
>>
No. 167441 ID: 24aa45

>>167438
torture her.
Refuse to have intercourse until she divulges what the hell is going on in her family
>>
No. 167442 ID: 1ac39d

she is totally into bondage. having control taken away, being at someone elses mercy. good chance she will actually stick around, but if she acts up then it's most likely just because she wants to be 'punished'.
>>
No. 167444 ID: 701a19

>>167441
No. Stick it in, but refuse to torture her until she tells you what's going on.
She's a masochist, she likes torture.
>>
No. 167445 ID: 1ac39d

for her the effective torture would be denial. spank her a few times then stop she will be begging for you t keep going.
>>
No. 167449 ID: fbb632
File 127180495850.png - (40.39KB , 411x393 , 59.png )
167449

You all genuinely believe I'm going to...lay with her?! First of all I no longer an aroused, that ride back killed it completely. Second, she is a slave, and noble families sleeping with their slaves is just...ugh. A huge taboo as well. If I did that and word reached the wrong ear, the entire Makag family would feel the consequences. True there are those who...do it. But they have well established positions in the family and power to keep secrets secret. I don't. Though in truth, having her infatuated with me will have its advantages...

"Oh and Shadeleaf reported back just before you arrived. Ying Jian is mobilising."

"What?!"

"Apparently they is going straight for Chang Majika's Fortress, which puts them right in the way-"

"-of our escape. Ach ka. Get to the command tent. I'll check on the prisoner and deal with this shortly after. And start activating the line speaker."

"Aye Veni...some Rite we're havin' eh?"

"Don't I know it. I doubt even father had to deal with half this crap when he was having HIS Rite.
>>
No. 167452 ID: 1ac39d

even if the slave is an ex-princess? what about instead of 'slave' she is a 'mistress'?
>>
No. 167453 ID: 701a19

>>167449
So nobody takes a slave as a consort? How strange. Is there any way to make such a thing acceptable?
Regardless, she must be your personal slave no matter what.
>>
No. 167462 ID: fbb632
File 127180641161.png - (31.07KB , 563x393 , 60.png )
167462

As I enter my tent I am blasted witht he smell of sweat. Gyoji is on the ground by my bed post. Drooling. Her ears perk up as she hears the flap open. She sniffs the air and growls.

"You know my scent Gyoji. You know who I am."

I suppose it'd be best for you to decide the best way of breaking her. Since you seem to be masters of it. I want to ensure complete defeat by the end of our conversation
>>
No. 167465 ID: 701a19

>>167462
Close and secure the tent flap then walk over, slap her across the face, and grab her muzzle to keep it shut.
Then say "This is what you've always dreamed of, isn't it? Being nothing but a common slave, living for the sole purpose of pleasing a master, and living only because your master wills it."
Draw your knife and lightly drag the blade across her neck being careful to do no more than break the skin.
"Your life is mine. It will be one of degradation and humiliation. Nod that you understand, slave."
>>
No. 167467 ID: 1ac39d

let's see.. since she is a masochist almost any physical damage will simply make her horny. but you can pull that in on itself by getting her all worked up and then stopping. being stuck right at the edge of orgasm but never quite being able to get it. it will make her crazy.
>>
No. 167472 ID: d6cb21

Say, do you know anything about Stockholm Syndrome?
>>
No. 167476 ID: 24aa45

>>167465
don't do this... it's cruel enough as it is...

You can probably get her bonded to you (best for her to at least be okay with you rather than be an aggressive prisoner)
Blame it on the mistress, and situation. Explain yourself honestly (hell, she has nowhere else to go, and you aren't trying to persuade her of anything)
The only thing you may have to feign is sympathy... But at least show kindness...
>>
No. 167478 ID: fbb632
File 127180915849.png - (56.16KB , 563x393 , 61.png )
167478

>>167472
Stolkwhat Whonow?
>>167465
She's already gagged, so slapping her yielded a muffled squeal. I can't tell if its rage, pain, fear, or excitement. I grab her by the muzzle and hold my carving knife to her face.

""This is what you've always dreamed of, isn't it? Being nothing but a common slave, living for the sole purpose of pleasing a master, and living only because your master wills it."

She struggles against my grip. I can't tell what her response was, but it sounded something on the lines of 'Ju Gwah something something.' She is far from broken that's for certain.
>>
No. 167479 ID: 1ac39d

>>167476
that is pretty much what makes
>>167472
happen.
Stockholm syndrome is when prisoners start liking their captors. it only happens when they are treated kindly. since she is a masochist though some mild torture could be considered kind. by mild i mean nothing that will leave a permanent mark.
>>
No. 167480 ID: 1ac39d

she is blushing. she likes it. i told you, you need to attack her psychologically with denial.
>>
No. 167486 ID: fbb632
File 127180971333.png - (48.14KB , 563x393 , 62.png )
167486

I don't know how much she can see beyond that blind fold but in case, I put on my most malicious smile I can muster.

"Your life is mine. Poor girl."

I move behind her, and grab her throat. I'm improvising here and running out of things to say. help please? Her tail is wagging, I'm not sure if that's good though.
>>
No. 167489 ID: 1569b3

shit you should have played denial. now your best bet is to exchange with her.

stop everythinng right now. tell her you will continue if she obeys.
>>
No. 167491 ID: 701a19

>>167478
"You have no idea how fortunate you are. Li Jue said you brought shame on your entire family by begging a servant to spank you, and paid me a rather significant amount to 'dispose' of you.
The only reason you are only alive is because she didn't bother to clarify her intentions.
Your family sold you out to me. Your life rests in my hands, but your quality of life is in your own. Now..."
Move behind her and remove her gag so she can speak, but don't let her move and clamp her mouth shut if she starts yelling or screaming.
"Choose your words carefully."
>>
No. 167492 ID: 3b6c92

>>167491
Man isn't that playing his rand rather quickly though?

Not that I really know what to do in lieu of.
>>
No. 167493 ID: 701a19

>>167492
Making the claim and proving it are two different things.
Right now we are causing her to have doubts, which will fester and weaken her resolve. At some point she will either have a resurgence of faith or a nadir of hope, and using the symbol to prove our claim at either of these points will crush her.
>>
No. 167497 ID: 3b6c92

>>167493
I suppose.
>>
No. 167501 ID: 1ac39d

>>167493
agree with this. show her the symbol the moment she get's her hopes up.
>>
No. 167503 ID: 701a19

>>167501
No, not the moment she gets her hopes up. You wait until she convinces herself you lied and starts to become defiant. The stronger her beliefs support is, the harder she falls when it shatters.
>>
No. 167504 ID: 24aa45

>>167491
try to say this while sounding sympathetic.
She's being taken away from her family...
Also spin it so it sounds like she'll get killed if she goes back, so you're trying to spare a life. Also that nobody should know that she's alive, so she's going to need a new appearance and name...

Or we can just let her hopes go up, and then smash her soul to pieces...
>>
No. 167512 ID: 701a19

>>167504
Sympathetic? No, she WANTS a hard hand to force her.
>>
No. 167548 ID: fbb632
File 127181760974.png - (49.63KB , 563x393 , 63.png )
167548

So I should use that now? It feels a bit soon but...then agin my time is short. Plus all her slobber is making my fingers slick.

"You think your father will save you? That he'll rescue you from this pit? Your father sold you out. He knew we we're waiting for that caravan. He knew we would take you."

I can feel her stiffen. I place a hand over tha gag, and start examining the knot while talking. Ach ka who did this thing? I don't even know where to start.

"And furthermore he wants you gone. That's right, I'm to leave the country with you in tow. You will never see your homeland again."

Oh arguing voices. I could use some extra material to stall, this knot...is...REALLY...STUBBORNMMNMGNH!"
>>
No. 167555 ID: 701a19

>>167548
"The best part? He doesn't give a damn if you live or die. Wait, no, let me correct that..."
lean in close and whisper into her ear from now on
"The best part is that you're to be killed on sight, so your only chance of survival is to convince me that you're worth the trouble."
If you haven't untied the gag by this point, then just cut the damn thing off.
"Choose your words carefully, princess..." Say it with as mocking a tone as you can manage "because I'm not sure you're worth keeping."
Then relax your grip a bit to pull the gag from her mouth, then reseat your grip while you move your knife to her throat and draw blood
"Convince me."
>>
No. 167562 ID: 3b6c92

>>167548
You could throw something about being inbred in there too, if we're quoting Li Jue regardless.
>>
No. 167569 ID: 24aa45

Well, there goes the chance of learning about the mistriss
I personally saw befriending the girl wouldve been better.... She is royal blood ya know, and the only problem is that mistriss.

10-1 this bites us in the ass later on when the search parties come around... It'll be her Hail Mary

At least shift this toward that woman back at brothel. A common enemy creates a strong bond (until it's gone)
>>
No. 167572 ID: 1ac39d

>>167569
what are you talking about? if the search party finds her they will kill her and blame it on us.
>>
No. 167582 ID: 24aa45

On who's orders though... The king or his mistriss?
Info is needed. We want a story for this guy's father too.
>>
No. 167586 ID: 701a19

>>167582
Irrelevant.
Once we have broken this princess she'll happily answer any question we ask.

Venian, what status could she have in order for you to be able to lay with her without it being taboo? If she declares her loyalty to you then can you claim her as a mistress?
>>
No. 167603 ID: fbb632
File 12718229784.png - (55.31KB , 563x393 , 64.png )
167603

>>167586
Well she would need to be a member of the family which can only be attained after the Slave Rite. Which honestly changes on a weekly basis. One day its help the novices in a raid, the next its run an important errand and-wait WHY AM I EVEN TALKING ABOUT THIS?! Why do you so desperately want me to bed this girl.?
>>
No. 167606 ID: 701a19

Do this:
>>167555

>>167603
So, after the Slave Right she becomes part of the family, and that removes the taboo against sleeping with her? Good, good...

Hrm? Oh, we plan for the long term. Taking her as a mistress has more benefits than you could possibly imagine, for both yourself and your family.
Besides that, she will keep you more satisfied than you think possible.
>>
No. 167614 ID: 3b6c92

>>167603
I dunno.

I will ask you, though; what exactly were you planning on doing with her instead?
>>
No. 167619 ID: 1ac39d

for one thing if all other members of her family died then you can swoop in and claim the throne, cause while her title is stripped at the moment she is still of royal blood.
>>
No. 167630 ID: d6cb21

>>167603
You should know that We, The Orb of Infinet Psyche, have a tendancy to attempt to hook up our bearer.
>>
No. 167633 ID: fbb632
File 127182602463.png - (50.80KB , 563x393 , 65.png )
167633

>>167614
I had no specific idea, just keep her as a personal assistant to keep her out of trouble in Rezo. Ah there we go, the knots coming loose now.

>"The best part? He doesn't give a damn if you live or die. Wait, no, let me correct that...the best part is that you're to be killed on sight, so your only chance of survival is to convince me that you're worth the trouble."

I remove the blindfold so she can look me in the eye. She is shaking alot now.

>"Choose your words carefully, princess because I'm not sure you're worth keeping. So convince me."
>>
No. 167637 ID: 701a19

>>167633
Put your knife at her throat, draw a little blood, and remove the gag. Let her speak.
>>
No. 167642 ID: a14da2

>>167603
Because legitimate kids with her would give you the possibility to make very large gains. It will give you blood ties to some very powerful families. And if lots of heirs were to suddenly drop dead, then your kids would have the strongest claim. So it's all about power, well for me. The rest are probably just perverts.

Now what to do with her. It's quite simple. Nothing. Just make sure she is tied to something and has her hands tied behind her back. Then leave her. Don't touch her or speak to her for a couple of days, and make sure her hands are always behind her back.
>>
No. 167647 ID: 1ac39d

>>167637
we already have her where we want her, that would make us look malicious.
>>
No. 167653 ID: 701a19

>>167647
I think you are misreading the situation.
Significantly so.
This is one of the better ways to handle it.
>>
No. 167656 ID: fbb632
File 127182747426.png - (34.08KB , 563x393 , 66.png )
167656

>>167637
I don't think I need to go that far, but I'll just brandish it a bit to be safe.
>>167642
Perhaps, but considering the laws of my family, that would be very risky. Anyway, I remove the gag, she coughs and hacks for a bit. Then looks at me.

"You think I'd kow to such a threat Ju Gwah? You never spoke to my father! You never even came close to my family. If you did you would have been killed."

She still resists, but I can detect the doubt in her voice. Maybe inside she knows I'm right.
>>
No. 167662 ID: 1ac39d

"oh, how cute. you think i would make a threat like that? no, that was simply the truth, and i happen to know how to prove it, care to guess?
>>
No. 167667 ID: 701a19

>>167656
Step behind her and lean in close to her ear.
"I imagine I would have, had Li Jue not invited me in for a chat. Who do you think told me about your incident with a servant? Or how Naroubu likes it when she steps on his back?
It's fairly obvious she doesn't care for you, seeing as how she called you, and I quote, 'an inbred, masochistic bitch who does not care for her father's image', end quote.
I can hear the doubt in your voice. You know I'm telling the truth; you're just putting on a show. No, it's more than that, you're enjoying this degradation. You're not even bothering to hide your excitement at the thought of being taken and abused by an ironfisted slavemaster.
I can tell you're close, so I'll make you a deal; Swear yourself to me, and I'll torture you until you find relief. Resist, and all you'll face is endless boredom."
>>
No. 167668 ID: fbb632
File 127182885136.png - (29.63KB , 563x393 , 67.png )
167668

>>167656
"Oh, how cute. You think I would make a threat like that? No, that was simply the truth, and I happen to know how to prove it, care to guess?"

"Gakijung bai lu."

"Name calling will get you nothing. The proof I'm speaking the truth is here in my hand."

She looks at my fist nervously. Maybe she knows what I'm about to show.
>>
No. 167673 ID: fbb632
File 127182908534.png - (31.58KB , 563x393 , 68.png )
167673

>"I imagine I would have, had Li Jue not invited me in for a chat. Who do you think told me about your incident with a servant? Or how Naroubu likes it when she steps on his back?
It's fairly obvious she doesn't care for you, seeing as how she called you, and I quote, 'an inbred, masochistic bitch who does not care for her father's image', end quote.
I can hear the doubt in your voice. You know I'm telling the truth; you're just putting on a show. No, it's more than that, you're enjoying this degradation. You're not even bothering to hide your excitement at the thought of being taken and abused by an ironfisted slavemaster."

"Slavemaster?!"

"Just figured that out did you? Did you honestly think I was some rival looking for your father's throne? I am above such a petty thing. Which reminds me. Li Jue gave this to me. Recognize it maybe?

I hope she does because I have no idea what the fourteen hells it is. Judging by the mask of horror, she does.
>>
No. 167674 ID: 701a19

>>167673
Slap her hard on the ass.
"Now, swearing yourself to me would be a good start on convincing me to keep you..."
>>
No. 167680 ID: 758d17

>>167673
Great risks and great oppurtunities goes hand in hand. If you succed you will go further than anyone in your family has before. You will be the founder of a great power, maybe even forge an empire that will shake the world.

Anyway, don't say anything to her now. Just tie her up again, hands behind her back to make sure she can't touch herself, and then leave her there. See if you have some Jachi tea as well. That could be interesting.
>>
No. 167682 ID: 7524b0

Don't suggest anything sexual. She WANTS that. No, tell her she will be doing menial labor for the rest of her life.
>>
No. 167685 ID: bcf25c

>>167673

She might try to lunge at you. Watch out for that, her teeth are dangerous.
>>
No. 167686 ID: fbb632
File 127183004599.png - (49.64KB , 563x393 , 69.png )
167686

>>167680
Her limbs have been bound since the beginning so I think I am safe.

"Haa..."

>>167682
I think I've done enough for now. I aimed to break her. And it looks like I did.

"Ha...haaa.how could he do this?! He always threatened to do this to me, but to think that father was serious...he...I..ha...eeeeeeaaaaaahhh..."

She is now crying quietly to herself. Must have been something real bad to do that to her so quickly.
>>
No. 167689 ID: 7524b0

>>167686
Disowned, likely.
>>
No. 167690 ID: fbb632
File 127183012666.png - (36.52KB , 563x393 , 70.png )
167690

It's done, she's no threat to anyone. She's is doubled over and broken, just want I needed.
>>
No. 167691 ID: 758d17

>>167686
Her world has just been shattered. Now just tie her up, blind and gag her again and leave her there. Don't talk to her or interact with her more than you need to make sure she eats and stays somewhat clean for a few days. Or maybe the entire march. After all you have a forced march through enemy territory to plan.
>>
No. 167692 ID: fbb632
File 12718302012.png - (38.35KB , 563x393 , 71.png )
167692

>>167690
I can finally reach my closet. I really need a new shirt, my nipples are hard from the damn cold.
>>
No. 167695 ID: fbb632
File 127183047351.png - (30.59KB , 563x393 , 72.png )
167695

"I hope you won't cause a ruckus while I'm gone."

"..."

"I'll take it as a yes. Now be good and stay put, I have to make sure you, and more importantly, I get out of here alive."
>>
No. 167697 ID: 758d17

>>167695
Don't trust one someone staying put just because they're broken. Make sure she is tied to something.

After that go to the meeting. We have a quick getaway to plan.
>>
No. 167698 ID: 701a19

>>167686
Good!
With that done, you need to get her to emotionally latch onto you.
That means showing her small kindnesses, and learning how she wants to be treated. Reward her for behaving, and shun her for failure. Don't bother trying to punish her, since she would just enjoy it.
>>
No. 167707 ID: fbb632
File 127183117211.png - (28.53KB , 563x393 , 73.png )
167707

>>167697
My thoughts exactly

"You! Make sure the Tsang Naji is bound tightly, I don't waant her to be able to move a muscle!"

"Yes sir!"

Ach ka, our escape route is cut off, and I have less than a month to leave this damned island. I just hope the Far Speak is ready.
>>
No. 167709 ID: 758d17

>>167707
Well you might be able to move around the army. Or sneak through it. There are usually people following after armies selling various things. If you look like your part of them then maybe nobody will look to closely.
>>
No. 167710 ID: 701a19

>>167707
Just how cut-off IS your escape route?
Even the largest force doesn't secure the entire route, meaning you could slip past between convoys.
>>
No. 167716 ID: fbb632
File 127183164414.png - (28.72KB , 563x393 , 74.png )
167716

"Iagn! Is that thing ready yet?"

"Just finished Veni. Patch it to the Splendor?"

"Yes. Shadeleaf get that map set up, we'll need to talk about our next course directly after."

"I knew as much."

The damn Far Speak is large, clunky, and makes a lot of uneeded noise, but it's useful for arranging our pick up. Speaking of which.

"Yah? Iz dis Veni I'mma speakin' ta?"

"Who do you think Mangalo? We have trouble. We need to move our pickup much earlier."

"Mmmmm...how much?"

"We need to be gone in a month's time."

"...Oi...oi oi oi oi! Do you enjoy makin me werk harder fer ya? Wha'appen?! Did you sleep with der warlord's daughter er sumthin?"

Not yet but if you people persist I just might. I can't tell him that though...
>>
No. 167734 ID: 701a19

>>167716
"Close enough. Lets just say I got a juicy offer I couldn't refuse."

...and yes, you will.
>>
No. 167757 ID: fbb632
File 127183363245.png - (20.73KB , 563x393 , 75.png )
167757

>>167734
Lets just say I got a juicy offer I couldn't refuse."

"I'm not shur I wan'nan'no bout dat'n."

Don't bother asking me what accent he has, because I don't know, it's all over the damn place. Honestly I think he's just making it up to make up for the fact his voice is very aggravating.

"Then don't pry just pick us up in a month's time."

"Sure, but you betta pass yur Rite'n, I gotz alot ridin on da bet wif da rest o da croo. Same spot'ten?
>>
No. 167763 ID: 701a19

>>167757
"It's not as wide a margin as I hoped, but we'll scrape by.
The problem is that we've got an army marching right across our escape route, and we need to know if we can meet up elsewhere before we try to force our way through."
>>
No. 167796 ID: 732129

Tell us about Shadeleaf when you get a chance. Anyone who is clever and resourceful and ruthless enough to go from slave to citizen is someone worth keeping as a long-term ally.
>>
No. 167823 ID: fbb632
File 127183777163.png - (24.83KB , 563x393 , 76.png )
167823

"It's not as wide a margin as I hoped, but we'll scrape by. The problem is that we've got an army marching right across our escape route, and we need to know if we can meet up elsewhere before we try to force our way through."

"Urg. I like ya an' all Veni, but you know me ship. There is nowhere else in deh Eastaland Isles that I can get Splendor close to. Sorry but you'll have to carve a'new path."

"I was afraid of that. Be well.

"You too Veni, I mean it. I got two hundred Reze ridin on ya."
>>
No. 167827 ID: 1ac39d

oh. haha. well since he bet on YOU then at least we know he wont let us down.
>>
No. 167840 ID: fbb632
File 127183870542.png - (63.69KB , 759x456 , 77.png )
167840

"Well what did you find Shadeleaf?"

"Nothing good. Ying Jian is invading Chang Naroubu's territory again, and has already situated himself to siege two of Chang's three forts guarding the border. And odds are, by the time Naroubu can pull his forces back from the assault on Matana, the fighting will spill into the neutral territory between the two." And as you can see, our return route goes right into Yang Jian's Army."

Ach ka...
>>
No. 167845 ID: fbb632
File 127183918383.png - (65.18KB , 759x456 , 78.png )
167845

Pausing here for a bit folks to explain this segment of the quest. You will now be given the opportunity to carve your own path.
When Venien presents your plans, you will be given the amount of time it will take and how difficult it will be by Shadeleaf and Iagn, and any other officers that may be present over time.
It must not exceed 30 days or there will be trouble, as Naroubu will then give chase. AND it must be divided into at least three segments, as the group WILL need time to rest.
During each segment, there will be an event. Depending on how well you guide Venien, there will be a bonus/penalty on the number of days left judged by how well you handle said event.
Note that after an event happens Veniaen will reconvene to decide whether to stay the course or go in another direction.
>>
No. 167851 ID: 7524b0

>>167845
Where are we right now on that map? The red dot? Is that red path our normal escape route?
>>
No. 167853 ID: 1ac39d

also, give us few days. the really good ones take a while.
>>
No. 167854 ID: fbb632

>>167851
Where the red dots stop. That's the starting point.
>>
No. 167856 ID: 701a19

>>167840
Cut a straight path between the first and third stops. Ying Jian is going to reinforce his siege so he can establish a defensive foothold before Chang Naroubu's army can arrive to counter them.
Armies move slowly, so if you leave quickly and force march you should get out of there before the route is taken.
Ideally you would be able to toss all your slaves on the carts so you wouldn't have them slowing you down or dying along the way, but since that's not feasible you'll have to settle for tossing the weakest on the carts and having the ones in good shape march with you.
>>
No. 167857 ID: 6834bc

>>167853
This, basically. It'll give you a bit of a longer break and give our strategists more time to plan a good route.

Also, like I asked earlier ( >>167302 ), have you made a visit to the IRC? (If you haven't, it's totally worth it. Really. Most of us are in there.)
>>
No. 167858 ID: 7524b0

Okay so the white boxes are forts, the brown lines are roads... What are the black Xs?
>>
No. 167869 ID: fbb632

>>167858
Those were stops Venien made to conduct a raid. The distance between them show the average distance of a segment.

>>167857
Well I tried, but my new comp isn't being too cooperative with IRC. Gonna have to see why it gets all wonked out.

>>167856
Ying Jian was pushed back once before. THis time he has scouting forces crawling all around. The closer you come to his army, the more likely you'll run into one. And even a Scouting force is more than a match for you because they have nothing to protect. You do.
>>
No. 167870 ID: 701a19

>>167869
They also have no pressing reason to engage us as long as we keep the princess hidden.
Or am I missing something?
>>
No. 167874 ID: fbb632

>>167870
While Venian has no reason to use the princess, Ying Jian certainly will. He wants the neutral territory and he will bargain the daughter to get it. By the way, he is not yet aware she is supposed to be 'missing' and will assume you are some sort of escort.
>>
No. 167875 ID: fbb632

>>167874
And if the princess is hidden, he will assume your mercernaries hired by Naroubu and kill you anyway.
>>
No. 167880 ID: 701a19

>>167875
By "hidden" I meant "Bound and gagged at the bottom of a wagon of grain".
Do they have a policy of stopping slavers on foreign soil?
>>
No. 167883 ID: fbb632

>>167880
No, just killing them. Naroubu is 'surprisingly open' to foreigners compared to other warlords in the Eastaland islands.
>>
No. 167885 ID: 701a19

>>167883
Lovely.
Can they tell you where the forefront of scouting is going to be? Also, assuming the map is to scale then can we get a unit to mark one day of travel time?
>>
No. 167922 ID: 732129
File 127185507144.png - (55.86KB , 640x400 , map.png )
167922

I think we should bypass as much trouble as possible.
>>
No. 167951 ID: 3b6c92

>>167869
(As far as IRC goes, if you're having trouble with a regular client, there's always Mibbit. Alternately, vice versa.)
>>
No. 167958 ID: fbb632

>>167951
Ah yeah now it works thanks.
>>
No. 167987 ID: aa3757
File 127187132845.png - (21.90KB , 515x272 , Sub 1.png )
167987

>>167922
"How about this path?" We would bypass the fighting altogether."

Iagn stares for a moment "Mmm, true, but you said we need to be gone in a month yes? This will gut it awful quick. Considering that Naroubu may pull forces from the forts to reinforce the army he has marching down on Yang Jian. We have no idea which road they'll take, which makes it even harder for us to figure how to plan accordingly. We'll be in a rough spot."

Shadeleaf nods "True, even if we managed to choose all the right roads, we'll be struggling to reach the pick up point in time. If all goes well, it will be about a 29 day trip."
>>
No. 167994 ID: ee9fc1

>>167987
Eh, should work. Keep as high a pace that you humanly can.
>>
No. 168000 ID: aa3757

>>167994
I can see what they are saying though. We cannot go too fast without damaging our cargo, and Wolyos can only go so far before exhausting. And speed will not help if we run into an army. With little forest in his northern territories, it will be hard to evade them.
>>
No. 168041 ID: 701a19

>>168000
If you mark the distance you can travel in one day then we can give much better answers.
>>
No. 168063 ID: a9de4d

what do you guys think of waiting til the fight is nearly over to reap its rewards? even if it is just equiepment, money could come handy.
>>
No. 168065 ID: 1ac39d

>>168063
you mean the fight that has been going on for months already? it's a war not just a single battle.
>>
No. 168066 ID: a9de4d

then disregard me, i suck plotholes.
>>
No. 168071 ID: aa3757

>>168041
Well then, each red streak is a day of travel. The length of each streak should be uniform or close, and same goes for distance between each.

The map offered counted a total of 23 streaks, making it a 23 day trek, but with the increased difficulty added 6 days as breathing space.
>>
No. 168086 ID: 701a19

>>168071
A good leader knows what tasks should and should not be delegated, and values the skills of his subordinates.
Ask your subordinates what routes they would each suggest and why; this is their job, so they likely have valuable suggestions.
>>
No. 168142 ID: 01f658
File 127189946779.png - (30.31KB , 515x272 , Sub 2.png )
168142

>>168086
"Well what do you two propose? I need some information to work with."

"Well Veni, I'd recommend going through Hayaso. Seeing as Ying Jian took a bulk of its forces into Naroubu's land, it would be a bit easier. Course our route into Neutral territory will take us dangerously close to Hayaso's fort, but if we are fast, or move in the cover of night, we should be able to bypass it. A route that goes through Hayaso will be easy for us until we hit neutral territory. Then we may need to revise our plans."

"Shadeleaf?"

"Naroubu's armies will be moving faster than most armies can to reinforce his forts. So to keep his soldiers supplied he will jumpf from each fort to Yang Quay and from there, to the front. I recommend instead we go the other direction around Yang Quay, and stay close to the shoreline, until we reach our destination. This will take a little longer than even your plan however as we will have to wait for Naroubu's forces to engage Ying Jian to move safely past them. It will be safer, but chances of overdoing the deadline are much greater.

Well there you have it. Neither plan is that good, but then again, there is not much available. Anyone else have a suggestion for me?"
>>
No. 168169 ID: 7524b0

>>168142
I'm having trouble visualizing these two routes. Maps please.
>>
No. 168171 ID: bcf25c

>>168142

The last idea is the completely ballsy route of marching directly behind Ying's armies, distracted as they are, directly on the border. You will, however, definitely run into a wagon train of some kind and/or messengers.

Fortunately (As mentioned earlier) this means that any scouts you see will be more concerned with protecting their own wagons.
>>
No. 168251 ID: 01f658
File 127190921799.png - (68.67KB , 759x456 , 79.png )
168251

>>168169
Very well. Shadeleaf's strategy recommeends sneaking past the two armies as they fight each other. Hopefully they will be too busy with each other to notice us.
>>
No. 168254 ID: 343146

>>168142
I'm gonna say go with plan 1. Need to get out of there quickly.
>>
No. 168255 ID: 01f658
File 127190960442.png - (68.24KB , 759x456 , 80.png )
168255

>>168169
Iagn proposes we go into Hayaso. though they are more xenophobic than Naroubu, the only ones we have to worry about are any soldier, most civilians are too afraid of even coming close to foreigners. And the regoin has many forests, suitable for hiding our force, but we'd be sharing it with the Mo Salam tribes, not the friendliest bunch. Then again the Jund Due that plague Naroubu's wild lands aren't that nice either. I may have command but I want something that maximizes our safety. Please if you have any insights...
>>
No. 168259 ID: 3b6c92

>>168255
Well, it seems like no matter which option you pick, you're going to run into trouble.

I'd rather be out of this as quickly as possible, if you're potentially going to get attacked regardless. So the fastest one is probably the best bet. Shadeleaf's route may be safer, but still being around in a month when Naroubu comes to, y'know, murder you all seems like it would invalidate that safety.

But that's just me.
>>
No. 168260 ID: 701a19

>>168251
Why the detour to stop 2? What's in the region that makes a straighter path from 1 to 3 less of an option?
Also, don't insist on three stops. That's arbitrary. The number of stops should be proportional to the distance traveled and inversely proportional to the time taken.

In fact, I would advise breaking camp and not fully redeploying it after that. No tents, minimal fires, be ready to depart at a moments notice. Keep to a brisk pace, but don't force march.
If there are any settlements along the route, then buy new mounts and wagons. Ideally you would be able to get enough of a convoy that over one third of all people and mounts could be carried along on the wagons, and then work in shifts as you keep a constant pace across the continent. That would slash your travel time to about a third of what it would be, which is more than worth the cost.
>>
No. 168262 ID: 343146

>>168255
Take Iagns plan. And remove anything that would indicate you're a foreigner over a long distance. Hopefully anyone who comes to investigate will assume you're just refugees or something and then you can take them down once they get close, provided they don't have a backup.

As for the Mo Salam, you might be able to come to an agreement with them.
>>
No. 168263 ID: 701a19

>>168259
Iagn's plan gets them out of the country in about two days and never reenters it, which meets the deadline right there.
It's risky, but has great potential gains. It you make use of the cities alone the way then you'll be able to use a constant-movement plan, which could see you off this landmass in under a week.
>>
No. 168267 ID: 3b6c92

>>168263
Which is why I recommended Iagn's route. 8U
>>
No. 168272 ID: 01f658
File 127191187789.png - (18.27KB , 295x303 , sub3.png )
168272

So it's best I go with Iagn's plan? You think?

"Shadeleaf, if we go along Iagn's route, how long would it take?"

"If we stay to the forests and away from civilization, we will have to move cautiously but there will be less ground to cover. But thanks to the Human Purists in Hayaso, the Mo Salam will be very distrustful of us, should they see you or me. If all goes well, including our trek through the neutral territory, I estimate a 21 day travel, but We had best be careful, Naroubu considers the neutral ground his land, and will likely chase us into there should we dally too long."
>>
No. 168274 ID: 3b6c92

>>168272
21 days?

Shit, that's a convincing argument right there, even if that is the optimistic estimate.
>>
No. 168277 ID: 701a19

>>168272
Don't insist on three stops. That's arbitrary. The number of stops should be proportional to the distance traveled and inversely proportional to the time taken.

Once you break camp, don't fully redeploying it again. No tents, minimal fires, be ready to depart at a moments notice. Keep to a brisk pace, but don't force march.

If there are any settlements along the route, then buy new mounts and wagons. Ideally you would be able to get enough of a convoy that over one third of all people and mounts could be carried along on the wagons, and then work in shifts as you keep a constant pace across the continent. That would slash your travel time to about a third of what it would be, which is more than worth the cost. The money spent on these is not a concern, as you can resell some of them once you near the ship.

Ask for his appraisal of these ideas.
>>
No. 168282 ID: 343146

>>168272
Sounds good. Make sure the more nonhuman of your companions stay in the back or hide their features with rags or something. If someone asks you can say they have the plague or some other highly infectious and painful disease. That should keep most people away.
>>
No. 168285 ID: 7524b0
File 12719131008.png - (59.31KB , 759x456 , Route.png )
168285

Hrm, is that so?

How about we just change Shadeleaf's plan to be more direct? Like this.
>>
No. 168351 ID: fbb632
File 127191891755.png - (25.12KB , 295x303 , sub4.png )
168351

>>168277
This was considered already. If we went through the usual camping protocol, the time it would take would double. the time it took to reach this spot was two months, which should be proof enough that we're cutting corners everywhere we can. We cannot stop by any settlements because of our, differences. Also understand that even with the transports we have, we will still need to make stops. The world around us is constantly changing now thanks to this war, we need to review troop positions, ways that may have opened or no longer available, many things. And what little money I do have is only good in Naroubu's land, since the bastard has such an inflated ego, he makes his own currency alongside the Eastaland Chen.

"Veni...what is that thing?"

"Uhh...
>>
No. 168354 ID: 1ac39d

lucky charm.
>>
No. 168358 ID: 701a19

>>168351
Ride back to the city, then, and acquire as many mounts as you can afford. It's less ideal than mounts and carts, but you can still double your distance.
>>
No. 168375 ID: 732129

>>168351

Delicious brain candy.

>>168358

That will cost us a couple of days, or worse if he gets picked up. Venian is known there, unfortunately.

I don't think we can count on extra resources helping us pull off a Hail Mary. We're going to need to work with what he has. The first route is safe, but will cost us a lot of time. One disaster will cost us our ride home, it has absolutely no margin for error.

Shadeleaf's route depends on shadowing the movements of entire armies. I would not bet on the armies moving quickly enough for our purposes. Worse, armies tend to leave the countryside they pass through in a state of devastation. Getting food while we're following them will be harder. Her idea is what we would use if we had more time and were willing to take a gamble on the food.

Iagn's presents us with some risk, especially from the Mo Sala and the xenophobes, but it has the benefit of being fast and of providing good cover for a good part of the trip.

Iagn's plan is the best compromise. I would pick it.
>>
No. 168390 ID: 7524b0

What's wrong with my plan? Hmph!
>>
No. 168396 ID: 732129

>>168390

Your route puts us in the middle of the armies' operations, we can't depend on them standing still for a whole week.
>>
No. 168414 ID: 7524b0

>>168396
The only change I made to Shadeleaf's plan was to go directly from the first X to the 3rd X to save time. If I'm reading the map right that doesn't run into any armies.
>>
No. 168418 ID: 732129

>>168414

It doesn't take us through their present positions, but what about where they, and their scouts, will be?
>>
No. 168473 ID: 6aff0b

>>168351
Tell him it's a lucky charm you picked up, just a worthless shard of glass really, but you feel a bit calmer when holding it.

Iagns route seems like the best one. Just hide the obvious signs of you being foreigners. That should keep you safe atleast at a distance.
>>
No. 168861 ID: fbb632
File 127200871964.png - (24.52KB , 295x303 , 1e1.png )
168861

"Nothing just a trinket."

Is it decided then? If anyone in there has a better plan,. please make it known now. Otherwise I will go with Iagn's plan.
>>
No. 168912 ID: 732129

>>168861

It makes the best of a bad situation. Tell us more about the Mo Sala please.
>>
No. 168916 ID: 371e4a

>>168861
Yeah some more information about the Mo Sala would be nice.
>>
No. 169035 ID: fbb632
File 127206380910.png - (25.70KB , 397x364 , 1e2.png )
169035

>>168916
Beyond the fact they are different enough that Hayaso doesn't consider them human? Nothing else is known about them. We don't even know what they look like. And the same can be said about the Ju Due. We only know as much as our informants tell us. If they don't know, then by Rezan we sure don't.

"So Veni? What's going to happen? We going with my plan, or you have something else you want to bring to the table?"
>>
No. 169048 ID: 371e4a

>>169035
Go with his plan. Just make sure you hide anything that would make you stand out.

And if the Mo Sala aren't considered human then it's not likely they have any greater love for Hayaso. You might be able to strike a bargain with them.
>>
No. 169049 ID: 3b6c92

>>169035
Can't say I have any other ideas.
>>
No. 169053 ID: fbb632
File 127206727171.png - (60.49KB , 710x364 , 1e3.png )
169053

"No. We with yours."

It's settled, we go to Hayaso. Hopefully the Mo Sala will be willing to negotiate passage.

"BREAK CAMP! FASTEN THE WOLYOS! ROUND UP THE SLAVES! WE MOVE IN AN HOUR!"
>>
No. 169055 ID: fbb632
File 127206743965.png - (8.92KB , 479x364 , End 1.png )
169055

That concludes Chapter 1.
>>
No. 169056 ID: 371e4a

>>169053
Go check up on Gyoji before you go. Make sure she doesn't try to do anything stupid.
>>
No. 169063 ID: 701a19

>>169056
When you move out you want to dress her in a tattered cloak, lay her down in one of the wagons, and have people avoid that wagon as much as possible. People will assume she has some kind of plague, so you won't have royalty as a draw for would-be attackers.
>>
No. 169143 ID: 732129

>>169063

Dressing her in rags is fine, it'll help emphasize her new position in life. Make her walk though, since she's healthy.

I think the plague idea is a bad idea. We're going through xenophobe territory, if you give them any extra reasons to fear you, they're going to go out of their way to kill you.
>>
No. 169151 ID: 701a19

>>169143
No, having 'plague victims' would make people avoid the caravan. Nobody wants to even come close to them, and with good reason.
If you can stomach it, then kill some animals and attach them to the undersides of the wagons. As they rot they'll give off the scent of death, and anybody coming close is going to smell it and turn around.
>>
No. 169159 ID: 732129

>>169151

Rotting flesh will attract carrion eaters and scavengers! They're a nuisance at best, dangerous at worst! What is wrong with you?

Xenophobes will avoid the caravan anyway, unless they think it's dangerous. Then they'll call their soldiers and send them to destroy it and burn all the "plague victims'" bodies.
>>
No. 169168 ID: 3b6c92

[psst hey guys

http://www.tgchan.org/kusaba/quest/res/169057.html

new thread]
>>
No. 169205 ID: fbb632

Oh yeah I should have reported this as done. Hang on. Sorry for the confusion.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password