[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 166373007898.png - (109.05KB , 500x500 , p0.png )
1044334 No. 1044334 ID: 9ea24b

NSFW - Gray gets a new job. Takes place SOME time before the events of Queen of Hell https://questden.org/wiki/Queen_of_Hell


i swear this is the last quest im doing in this universe
Expand all images
>>
No. 1044335 ID: 9ea24b
File 166373010918.png - (139.30KB , 500x500 , p1.png )
1044335

Your name is Gray and you along with two other HIGH level ANGELS were summoned about five seconds ago to a patch of space that you believe was untouched until very recently.

The waiting room, as you’ve labeled it in your head, has a haphazard look. The white columns are crooked and the fountain in the center is spewing gray fluid all over the marble floor. Whoever MADE this was in a hurry.

There’s an ominous pair of double doors on the other side of the fountain, and you can hear muffled, panicked voices from behind it. The other two ANGELS, who you vaguely recognize from WORK, are milling around in confusion. One of them mutters about the POOR condition of the room, a shameful representation of PURITY. She mutters it very quietly. There’s only a few BEINGS that could bring you all here and none of them are people you want to piss off.

A. Talk to your PEERS
B. Portal into the room next door
C. Think about your favorite hot DEMON babe
>>
No. 1044336 ID: 5499f4

A, make friemds
>>
No. 1044337 ID: 8483cf

A, rapid reconnaissance is really required
>>
No. 1044338 ID: f34855

i swear this is the last quest im doing in this universe
You shouldn't say such awful things!

Ah, let's do A and C. Sweetheart talk around the water coolant with the coworkers!
>>
No. 1044339 ID: 629f2e

A! Because friendship is the greatest treasure of all.
>>
No. 1044341 ID: 3cf69d

C becuz you luv her
>>
No. 1044342 ID: e5709d

>i swear this is the last quest im doing in this universe
No it's not
More bunny-dog sex

B - And punch the first thing you come into contact with.
>>
No. 1044346 ID: 515982

B. Show initiative, your superiors love to see it.
>>
No. 1044379 ID: 9ea24b
File 166380192303.png - (98.57KB , 500x500 , p2.png )
1044379

>A
You MAKE a water cooler and lean against it casually, sipping from a mug of coffee. Drawn by your sheer confidence, the other two ANGELS stop their random orbits and you get a better look at them.

The lady who made the comment about the waiting area is short and fuzzy. Some kind of ANIMAL with both fur and a beak that you don’t recognize. The other is a FOOD-type ANGEL with stiff curling peaks of meringue making up his HALO.

You take a swig and put on your most charming smile.

Gray: Howdy folks, I’m Gray, combat level 8, portal specialty. Any IDEA of why we’re here?
Pie: Greetings, I am Lemerin, APOSTLE for PURITY.
Gray: Oh I bet you get your followers eating right out of your hand.
Lemerin: They do not eat out of my hands. They spread my TEACHINGS in their communities and I BLESS them.
Gray: Never get someone who wants to take a bite out of you? Sample your sweet cream?
Lemerin: No, they do not attempt to eat me.


You give up. This guy is a generic PURITY devotee and you don’t have much hope for the other ANGEL either. She’s currently giving you a nasty side-eye.
>>
No. 1044380 ID: 9ea24b
File 166380193106.png - (102.67KB , 500x500 , p3.png )
1044380

Creature: You are wearing scandalous clothing.
Gray: I am?
Creature: Unbefitting an ANGEL of your rank, though I suppose most combat ANGELS are a bit DENSE.
Gray: And who are you, ma’am?
Creature: I am Periah and I do not plan to share my abilities with you, harlot.
Gray: Dang girl!


This extremely-not-a-real-swear makes Lemerin gasp with shock. You don’t know why Periah is complaining, she’s not wearing clothes at all.

Gray: Okay, my jorts are a little short, but it’s all for MOBILITY. I need to be extra nimble to catch those pesky DEMONS!
Periah: True…They are very slippery.
Gray: So what do we think we’re here for? I don’t smell anything suspicious so it must be the HEAD ANGELS, right?
Lemerin: Perhaps we are here to be REWARDED for our efforts!
Periah: Yes, though this is a poor welcoming party.


You all fall silent so you can listen closely to the voices behind the door. There only seem to be two people speaking.

Periah: Or perhaps a position has OPENED.
>>
No. 1044382 ID: a7a180

Things are either very desperate or merely an afterthought. I mean, the fountain could at least barf cotton candy instead of grey goo.
Do you recognize those voices?
>>
No. 1044383 ID: 8483cf

What position?
>>
No. 1044392 ID: b7e398

Switch to a more optimal pair of pants, extra tight skinny Jean Jorts. If she comments, ask her why she has a problem with something that covers more.

If no one else steps up to the plate, gesture to her something along the lines of after you, to the food person and enter second.
>>
No. 1044393 ID: 3c2cd3

A positioned probably opened? Aw yeah! Get excited...

But then try to remain calm and look professional, and have a hard time doing it.
>>
No. 1044485 ID: 9ea24b
File 166388342288.png - (129.05KB , 500x500 , p4.png )
1044485

>Get hype
This is a great opportunity for your CAREER! Your whole life you’ve never heard of something like this happening, the HEAD ANGELS have always been the same. It makes sense that eventually one of them would get bored and retire, or ascend or die or whatever.

>Who are these guys anyway?
The THREE HEAD ANGELS are:

Princess Cardinal Ruby Radiance (usually abridged to just Princess) the OMNIPOTENT. She’s the only DRAGON who you’ve ever heard of being an ANGEL. Most official ORDERS and DIRECTIVES come from her.

Crown, the ALL-KNOWING. Mizz had a lot of questions for you about free will and determinism after you told her about Crown, none of which you could answer. You’ve never seen him before but you’ve heard he’s a fairly standard looking ANGEL.

The Virgin Mother, who you faintly remember retrieving your EGG and watching over you when you were just a tiny HATCHLING.

Gray: Who do you think, uh, left?
Lemerin: Let us find out.


You MAKE yourself a pair of high waisted bell-bottoms to hide more of your legs, though you fit the pants quite tight. Professionalism has its limits. You motion for Lemerin to take the lead, then fall in behind him as the pie glides around the puddle of goop and approaches the doors.
>>
No. 1044486 ID: 9ea24b
File 166388343675.png - (135.33KB , 500x500 , p5.png )
1044486

Beyond your waiting room is a spacious, damp CAVE. Cracks in the stone walls reveal hints of the black void beyond.

A bubblegum PINK dragon about 10 meters tall is flapping her feathery wings anxiously and pacing around a dark smudge on the ground. There’s a slim, cyclopean ANGEL attached to her long neck with what resembles a MORTAL baby carrier.

Princess: –but if she saw that from your HALO then you would have known this would happen and stopped it!
Crown: i didn’t though.
Princess: WHY NOT???
Crown: the candidates are here. there are eggs piling up, we need to pick someone soon.


Princess turns sharply to face the three of you and Crown lets out a high pitched ‘wheeeeeeeee’ as his dangling limbs swing everywhere.

Princess: ANGELS! You have been called here today for a very important DUTY. Make your CASE as to why you are a fitting choice for the role of HEAD ANGEL!

A. Lie to make yourself sound good
B. Tell the truth because you are a truthful boy
C. Ask about what happened
>>
No. 1044487 ID: 629f2e

C, this is happening a little fast, perhaps some context is in order.
>>
No. 1044488 ID: c7121c

B
>>
No. 1044489 ID: a7a180

B, you have a goatee that commands respect and you're not afraid of boobs.
>>
No. 1044490 ID: 0838d6

B with a hint of C, mentioning how if you need eggs picked up... for some reason, who better than someone who can zorp over.
>>
No. 1044495 ID: 15c72a

>>1044486
C. An informed head angel is an effective head angel.
...wait, did the Virgin Mother get murdered? Who killed her?
>>
No. 1044514 ID: e51896

C and a little bit of B.
If they ask why you ask, let them know that as a qualification, you know it is important to get information on any issues, especially those related to angels, and adapt.
>>
No. 1044528 ID: 16169e

both B and C . with C going first since you are both wondering and worried about the situation, if the both of you are upset it must be really bad. bad enough to need a new head angel bad. followed by B that with the information you know from you two that you will try to solve and fix this problem somehow if nobody else is willing or unable to then it must be yourself to take up the mantel because this will probably negatively effect you as well as the other angels as well.
>>
No. 1044541 ID: 9ea24b
File 166394363923.png - (114.97KB , 500x500 , p6.png )
1044541

>C and B
While Lemerin spouts some drivel about using his followers to retrieve the eggs and how he loves teaching the DOCTRINE to the youth, you eye the smudge and put together your best internal Mizz impression to do some LOGICAL sleuthing.

Did the Virgin Mother get murdered? You think she had a POWER that let her detect ANGEL eggs no matter what dimension or part of the UNIVERSE they were in, and that would be a hard skill to replace. Maybe the DEMON KING or a GOD wanted to stop the recruitment of new ANGELS?

Hm, possible, but that doesn’t explain the snippet of conversation you heard when you came in. Eventually Princess cuts off Lemerin’s sermon and you step forward.

Gray: Hi I’m Gray, combat ANGEL, I can do portals real good. I’m easy on the eyes and I’m not afraid of boobs. Can you tell me more about what happened to the Virgin Mother? I’d be happy to HELP if I knew more.

Princess’s eyes widen and she ducks her head to hiss into Crown’s ear.

Princess: Who is this? Why is he asking questions?
Crown: his name is gray, he’s a combat angel who can do portals real good, and he’s been having a secret affair with a demon for several hundred years.
Princess: He’s FALLEN?
Crown: no, just heretical.
Princess: Well we’re definitely not picking him then. Should I blast him?
Crown: two in one day is kind of a lot.
Princess: Sshhhhh!


She gives you a frightened look. It’s not hard to put together that Princess was the one who killed the Virgin Mother, though you doubt the other candidates have come to the same conclusion.

A. Keep pressing
B. Sit back and see who they choose
>>
No. 1044543 ID: 26bc39

A. If you’re elected, you can make it no longer a heresy and then there’s no issue.
>>
No. 1044544 ID: 629f2e

A, you already won't get the job as things stand, so may as well.
>>
No. 1044548 ID: ba37ee

A. You will not get the job, you might as well try and get answers.
>>
No. 1044549 ID: e51896

Mizz Es taught you to ask questions. You do that!

A
>>
No. 1044555 ID: 0838d6

A, but direct your inquiries to crown since it's clear that they know of your heretical nature, but still brought you here, and even let you hear this conversation, which means that even if you aren't picked, there's something they want from you specifically, and since they want something from you, that means you can push a bit.
>>
No. 1044564 ID: 9ea24b
File 166396731686.png - (132.33KB , 500x500 , p7.png )
1044564

>A
There’s something real fishy going on here. Maybe Princess doesn’t see it because she’s stressed and feels guilty, but you assume Crown was the one to choose who to invite, so he should have already checked you for deviant activities ahead of time. Since you’re here, he must WANT you to be here.

You interrupt Periah as the platypus attempts to give her introduction.

Periah: I believe I am most qualified for this position because–
Gray: Why DIDN’T Crown stop this from happening? This could be important, I want the full story.


Crown manages to scowl at you with his tear-filled eye. Periah and Lemerin don’t seem happy with the delay.

Crown: stop talking.
Princess: OVERRIDDEN. You’ve been deflecting a lot, Crown, I’m not STUPID! Why did you give her your HALO?
Crown: she wanted to know when we would see purity again. she was unhappy. i’m unhappy.
Princess: You…you made her DIE.
Crown: you’re the one who erased her. we shouldn’t be talking about this in front of all of them. pick a replacement.

>>
No. 1044565 ID: 9ea24b
File 166396732675.png - (101.23KB , 500x500 , p8.png )
1044565

Big DRAMA! If you weren’t used to hearing about DEMON LORD politicking you’d be very alarmed that Crown is committing OMNISCIENCE fueled subterfuge.

Periah manages to finish her introduction and then the three of you wait while Princess paces around some more.

Princess: If I pick Periah or Lemerin, they’ll die too, won’t they? They’ll SEE something they’re not meant to and become FALLEN. I’ll be forced to choose the HERETIC.
Crown: no comment.
Princess: Why are you doing this? What’s gotten into you?
Crown: you could kill me and then the problem will be solved.
Princess: I am NOT FALLING FOR THAT!


Her roar makes chunks of the cave clatter to the ground, revealing more empty space. Pink portals open around Lemerin and Periah, spiriting them away. You’re left with the two HEAD ANGELS.

You’ve managed to save Periah and Lemerin’s lives! Sadly, the failed candidates resent you and are going back to their cliques to spread the hot goss about how you’re boning a DEMON. Sure you can clear yourself of all WRONGDOING when you’re da boss, but the haters will definitely hold it against you.

You casually kick a rock and cock your hips. What do you say?
>>
No. 1044567 ID: 0838d6

Be serious about the job for a second, what your role is, and any TOOLS or BOONS you'd get to do the job, after all, you're combat based, and anything to do with EGGS sounds like explicitly the opposite of that.
>>
No. 1044568 ID: c3f29c

"I'd apologise for the heresy, but I'd do it again given the chance. You get it, right?"
>>
No. 1044569 ID: e5709d

"I'd like to thank my girlfriend from inoculating me against your god-enabled traumatic misery.
So how does this work? Do you stuff the egg-searching power up my ass, or..."
>>
No. 1044570 ID: a7a180

I'm pleased to be working with you both. Princess, two separate questions: do you trust Crown, and do you trust that Crown means well?
Crown, when you see all, how far forward and back in time can you see?
>>
No. 1044574 ID: 15c72a

>>1044565
So... Purity is never coming back? That's what caused all this, isn't it.
>>
No. 1044587 ID: 9ea24b
File 166398389805.png - (79.77KB , 500x500 , p9.png )
1044587

Gray: It’s a pleasure to be working with you both. Do you need a moment of PRIVACY to finish your conversation?
Princess: No, you’re one of us now. Everything should be out in the open. Speaking of, Crown, what the heck? I understand your POWER makes you…upset sometimes, but we have a DUTY. You were MADE for this.
Crown:
Gray: Should I ask Crown for EGG info and stuff? What’s the usual protocol?
Princess: He’ll lend you his HALO periodically so you can find the locations of all the EGGS. It’s not perfect, but it’s the best you can do. Normally I ask him for information when I NEED it, but now I’m not sure I can trust him.


Crown sniffles a bit, but stays silent.

Princess: I will also give you ENERGY to enhance your existing POWERS so you can use your PORTALS at maximum capacity. Once you retrieve an EGG or hatchling, there are several EDUCATION centers where you can deposit them. You’re responsible for structuring the curriculum.
Gray: Cool.
Princess: There’s the small matter of your past DISTASTEFUL actions. If you promise not to fraternize with this DEMON any longer I am prepared to ignore it.
Gray: Huh? But I really like her! She’s kind of my girlfriend I think, I mean, we don’t really use labels. I don’t regret any of it.
Princess: No more INTERCOURSE. I suppose you may continue to see her in a PLATONIC capacity, for work-life balance.
Gray: Noooooooooo okay.


Satisfied by your answer, Princess leans down so her head is level with you. She puffs a cloud of dense white smoke in your face and you feel it sinking through your skin. Whew, it’s a sensation like the strongest FAIRY DUST that Mizz smuggled to her safehouse mixed with high rank DEMON meat, spreading through your flexible outer layers to your dense CORE.
>>
No. 1044588 ID: 9ea24b
File 166398390546.png - (100.54KB , 500x500 , p10.png )
1044588

You stand politely, stupefied by the influx of the great DRAGON’S might, while Princess fiddles with the swirling, sparkly HALO above Crown’s brow. After a little twisting, it pops free. Crown sighs with relief and sags in his sling.

Princess: He’s put something in here, I think. Something about PURITY. He expects you to survive it so I wouldn’t worry. I suppose I could put it on to test it out, but it’s unpleasant to use.
Gray: Er, how does it work? Like how far forward and back can it see?
Princess: The PAST? As far as you’d like. The FUTURE is much more fraught since there are multiple branching PATHS. Try not to look too far. Or think too much. The HALO draws on all of your internal QUESTIONS.


You gulp and hunch slightly as she places the HALO in the air above your feathery head. This is a bit too ADVANCED for your taste, but it’s too late to back out. Okay, okay, just think of EGGS, just EGGS, not anything sexy or dangerous or how you’re going to DIE or–

What do you think about? Any and all suggestions will be taken! You might not understand everything you see.
>>
No. 1044590 ID: 0838d6

It's time to ask the ULTIMATE QUESTION

Has [PURITY] ever had sex, you have to know, for scientific purposes.
>>
No. 1044591 ID: e5709d

>Massive cognitohazard, any intellectual thought in your brain will experience segfaults and overclock your neural tissue
Think about sex. Duh.
>>
No. 1044592 ID: a7a180

Why's Periah so stingy to fellow angels, huh?
Think about the Virgin Mother's REACTION to what the halo showed her. So you know how they'll act next time you see her. If your predecessor's Fallen, that means they are still a problem.
What happens if Princess KILLS CROWN
>>
No. 1044593 ID: 15c72a

>>1044588
Has your girlfriend cheated on you?
oh right think about eggs
>>
No. 1044610 ID: 16169e

will you or anyone else be ok/not seriously hurt with the actions you will take on your quest/duty? what would the be the best moral/ethics choices you can make that will ensure the survival of the the eggs and if you will make a difficult choice to pick to be lawful or good? and finally if you will be alone in this or will there be others for whatever reasons that will help you and/or join you on this path. be they angels , kin, even demons and everywhere in between.
>>
No. 1044615 ID: cd6841

Crown mentionned being unhappy and Princess seem to find his actions weird. Think about that for a bit. He put something in the halo, maybe it's a message so Princess wouldn't hear?
Also, have you ever wondered how big the universe really is and what your place in it is? Now is definitely a good time for that.
>>
No. 1044636 ID: 9ea24b
File 166404548725.png - (115.78KB , 500x500 , p11.png )
1044636

>Is your girlfriend cheating on you?
You don’t need the HALO to answer that, one she’s not technically your girlfriend, two you’re not exclusive (though you’ve never had sex with anyone else), and three that’s hot.

>The Virgin Mother
Is very not alive right now.

>Periah
You’re going to start nice and small. You concentrate on your fellow ANGEL, who mentioned something about being a non combat RESEARCHER in her introduction. There’s a stream of events, the platypus being retrieved by the Virgin Mother, studying insects in a white lab, learning about unfamiliar concepts like KARMA and SOULS and REINCARNATION. Right now she’s telling her coworkers and interns about you. One of the interns gives you a BAD feeling. Weird.

>What happens if Princess kills Crown? What’s up with Crown anyway?
The scenes flicker across your vision faster now. Crown, crying as all the suffering in REALITY bleeds through him. Princess wearing the HALO and destroying entire PLANETS in an unstoppable RAGE. Well okay, you kind of feel bad for Crown now but killing him would be a disaster if the HALO latches onto Princess.

>How big is the universe and what is your place in it? Will you hurt anyone with your new duty? What’s the best path you could take to optimize EGG survival and good ethics?
Your view of the cave whites out and you see an endless fractal of PATHS, CHOICES, and RESULTS. The HALO offers you endless possibilities, at a rate you can’t hope to comprehend. The spiraling confusion only feeds in on itself as you try to understand what’s going on.

You’re losing it, oh PURITY, you need to focus on something fast. Sex! Tiddy! The warm embrace of a LOVER!
>>
No. 1044637 ID: 9ea24b
File 166404550089.png - (110.84KB , 500x500 , p12.png )
1044637

>Has PURITY ever had SEX?
There’s a slim, standard ANGEL hunched over a maroon bunny in a field of flowers. They seem to be boning, or at least trying to. The ANGEL keeps stopping and complaining, while the rabbit tries to reassure him. Eventually he gives up and stomps away.

The rabbit brushes some flowers out of her fur and heaves a sigh. She looks around until she spots you.

LUST: Hey ‘sup.
Gray: Bweh??? You can see me? I thought this happened in the PAST.
LUST: Uhhhh yeah that sorry attempt at SEX you just saw was ages ago but I’m kind of like your default GOD to stop you from melting your brain using that HALO so I guess we’re having a moment now. Trust me, I didn’t volunteer for this job, CHAOS said I had to do it, part of her deal with Crown so that he doesn’t PATH too much. At least you and that DRAGON should be the only ones we have to worry about, and WILD has her covered.
Gray: What do you mean, PATH?
LUST: You kind of saw it, basically you can ask the HALO what you need to do to get a certain OUTCOME, and then you just follow every STEP it lays out. You give up some agency and become a huge fucking pain.
Gray: No plans on doing that. Where’s PURITY? In like, my time.
LUST: This is the part where I break it to you that PURITY spread himself into all of your ANGEL lot so he’s basically DEAD.
Gray: Okay.
LUST: Okay?
Gray: I mean we don’t really need MANA so our POWERS and stuff have to come from somewhere. Also we haven’t heard from him in AGES and the HEAD ANGELS were just saying they miss him.
LUST: Well I sure don’t miss him, he was a self-hating LOSER who couldn’t let himself have a good time and resented all of us for telling him to shut the fuck up. He had PASSION though, I’ll give him that. You seem like the most halfway decent ANGEL I’ve ever met.
Gray: Thanks. Also thanks for helping me not melt my brain.
LUST: Yeah, so I’ll give you a metaphorical slap on the ass whenever you get too deep. Get your shit done, I’m a busy ENTITY.

>>
No. 1044638 ID: 9ea24b
File 166404550831.png - (106.43KB , 500x500 , p13.png )
1044638

>EGGS
With LUST anchoring you, you feel comfortable dipping back into the maelstrom. Right, the ANGEL eggs. Little pieces of PURITY scattered everywhere, waiting for your guidance.

The HALO gives you the current number of EGGS and their locations, as well as the next year’s anticipated amount and positions. Whatever Princess did to you improved your MEMORY, and you feel confident you can remember all the information.

Um, how exactly are you going to get out of here? You don’t feel particularly conscious…

You jolt awake on the cold cave floor, butt stinging. Princess pulls the HALO free and returns it to Crown, who gives a resigned groan.

Gray: Wow, I almost died.
Princess: And I am very glad you didn’t. You best be on your way. Portal to us whenever you need something, I will spread the word of your appointment.


A. Get them EGGS
B. Go see Mizz to tell her the great news!
C. Stick around for a moment to ask questions
>>
No. 1044641 ID: 17f493

B! time to let her know
>>
No. 1044643 ID: a7a180

A, every day is take your children for work day now.
>>
No. 1044646 ID: e5709d

A) YOU ARE STORK-MAN
DO THE STORKY THING
>>
No. 1044647 ID: 629f2e

B, better figure out quick if this changes things between you and Mizz now or if you being with her will fuck up your current position before getting too deep into it.
>>
No. 1044648 ID: a2d88b

A. You know as they say, business before pleasure.
>>
No. 1044653 ID: d3d8d0

A. At least make an attempt at your job before going off to boast about it to your girlfriend. Not that you shouldn't boast, just do the job first.
>>
No. 1044662 ID: 9ea24b
File 166406957417.png - (143.12KB , 500x500 , p14.png )
1044662

>A, do your dang job
You throw yourself into your work, running off the memorized list of EGGS scattered across existence. Your PORTALS take you to uninhabited planets full of lush wildlife, onto beaches and deep into mysterious ocean vents full of strange creatures. It’s lovely to stretch your wings and use your native form while you sneak EGGS from nests, with the occasional HATCHLING who’s usually busy devouring their siblings when you arrive. These little rascals are harder to carry, but you manage not to drop anyone on your first trip.

There are several EGGS deep in advanced civilizations, a few among billions produced to feed the ravenous urban population. Unfertilized EGGS are odd in that sometimes they don’t register as ANGELS until they’ve been given more purpose, usually from being made into FOOD. Your first mishap is with a chocolate souffle, when the chef you’re stealing from hits you with a broom while you’re pulling it out of the oven. Poor thing is utterly deflated by the time you get it to the NURSERY.
>>
No. 1044663 ID: 9ea24b
File 166406960253.png - (114.30KB , 500x500 , p15.png )
1044663

You’re BUSY, but you have enough spare time to meet with the EDUCATORS, add your notes on the CURRICULUM, and learn how to factory reset mischievous HATCHLINGS. Sometimes, while you’re waiting for an EGG to be laid, you fly around the beautiful ALIEN worlds just to enjoy the scenery. Your destinations are usually remote enough that you don’t run into many other ANGELS, or DEMONS for that matter. You miss Mizz, but you’ve gone long periods without seeing each other before, and you want to do good work so people stop GOSSIPING about you.

This changes after about eight months on the job, when you’re chasing a flock of pterodactyls while waiting for a T. Rex to lay. Large EGGS like this usually yield STRONGER young, and you’re eager to whisk the oblong ovum away when you smell DEMONS. The mega flora and fauna on this planet come from the rich vein of MANA in the crust, which must be what these guys are after.

A. Snoop
B. Announce your presence
C. Other
>>
No. 1044664 ID: e5709d

>with the occasional HATCHLING who’s usually busy devouring their siblings when you arrive
Pathological narcissists. You're an entire species of pathological narcissists.

B - "What'cha doin'?"
Don't engage in combat, just set up negotiations for... whatever this is.
>>
No. 1044674 ID: e51896

C. Fight them, and eat them. you're a powerful angel, you should be able to deal with them

Make it a sneak attack, flank them when they least expect it. We can't let them take this planet's mana.

otherwise, A.
>>
No. 1044676 ID: a7a180

B. You're still a combat angel.
>>
No. 1044685 ID: 70bb65

A. As long as they do not threaten the egg they're not really your problem.
>>
No. 1044696 ID: 9ea24b
File 166412069960.png - (158.20KB , 500x500 , p16.png )
1044696

>B
You don’t want the DEMONS bothering the T. Rex and they presumably don’t want to be EATEN, which means polite introductions are in order.

You swoop down a short ways from their camp, startling a trio of DEMONS. There’s two OBJECT-KIN and one PLUSH.

Gray: Hello!
Boom Mic: Ahhhhhhh!
Gray: Don’t worry, I’m not planning to eat you, though I’m sure you’d be delicious. Is there someone in charge around here that I could speak to?


The studio light blinks with a soft white glow. The plush hurries away to fetch their leader while you make pleasant, one-sided conversation.

Gray: Lovely planet, isn’t it? Humidity is good for my feathers.
Gray: Anything exciting happening in the land of the DEMONS? Your KING guy’s been there for a while, you think he’s going to switch things up soon?
Gray: Man, I’m kind of hungry. Can you recommend anyone to eat around here?


That last line at least gets a wince out of the light. Tough crowd.
>>
No. 1044697 ID: 9ea24b
File 166412070943.png - (92.62KB , 500x500 , p17.png )
1044697

Your feathers poof out in alarm as you feel a MAGICAL aura bleed over the surroundings, enveloping you in its sticky grasp. The plush returns with yet another OBJECT-KIN, this one with a large film camera for a head.

Guillermo: A surprise guest? What an honor! I brought my crew here to study the creatures and landscapes as well as feed on the MANA here, but I wasn’t expecting any visitors.
Gray: I’m not planning to stick around, just don’t mess with any of the dinosaurs for like, 15 more minutes, okay?
Guillermo: Of course my dear ANGEL. Why don’t you tell me a bit more about yourself while we wait?


The gluey sensation on your skin is dangerous. This guy smells delectable which means he’s actually a SERIOUS threat.

A. Stay and chat
B. Cut your losses and leave the planet
>>
No. 1044701 ID: e51896

A.

I have a feeling their not just here to simply eat the mana here and research. a Demon of his power here might probably be here for a more ulterior reason. What if they are planning on using this planet for their next demon war, and they are simply getting a head start?

If so, then we may have just found out early where the next demon war is and can better prepare the angels for it, give the angels a head start ourselves! But this is all speculation, when you assume, it makes an ass out of u and me.

So lets see if we can drag the truth out of him (without being obvious)
>>
No. 1044702 ID: a7a180

A, sharpen your wits and wield them as your sword.
>>
No. 1044707 ID: 5499f4

A, you need that big egg! Plus you survived the mental trauma of the halo, him being able to HURT you and being able to KILL you are two different things alltogether, plus, if he does hurt you, time to portal in some BACKUP. You... you can do that right?
>>
No. 1044709 ID: 7ec91f

A. If they think you will leave without that egg they are deliciously mistaken.
(they don't actually think that because they don't know about the egg, don't tell them)
>>
No. 1044718 ID: f3a2ce

A.
It's like. Your favorite thing to do.
>>
No. 1044723 ID: 9ea24b
File 166415055174.png - (150.49KB , 500x500 , p18.png )
1044723

>A, use your relatively sharp wits and charisma to make conversation before retrieving the EGG
Gray: Are you doing anything else here besides what you mentioned? Important DEMON like yourself wouldn’t come all the way out here just for a snack.
Guillermo: Oh, I suppose it’s also a bit of a vacation with my GIRLFRIEND. She’s been studying how to improve her DISTORTIONS and CONTRACTS and remote places like this are good for practicing.
Gray: I’m a bit of a hit with the LADIES myself.
Guillermo: I was under the impression ANGELS didn’t enter intimate relationships.
Gray: Keep it a secret but your boy here is a little…HERETICAL.
Guillermo: That’s quite a hook! Such a shame.


He snaps his fingers and the film of MAGIC closes in around you like a tight net. You squawk with dismay and thrash. The invisible mesh holds firm.

Guillermo: You’re an odd fellow, but I’d be foolish to let you leave and get reinforcements. You’ll make an excellent example of BINDING.
Guy: Let me out! I’m just here for an EGG!
Guillermo: Worry not, my fine crew, I will take care of the intruder.


The lesser DEMONS babble their thanks as Guillermo effortlessly pulls your trussed up form along while he walks into camp. You’re trapped.
>>
No. 1044724 ID: 9ea24b
File 166415056140.png - (89.03KB , 500x500 , p19.png )
1044724

Maybe Crown will see this and tell Princess to come rescue you? He went through all the trouble to get you the position, surely he won’t leave you to get experimented on by this GIRLFRIEND.

No pink DRAGONS swoop down from a crack in the sky to SAVE you, and Guillermo takes you into his tent. There’s a pickled turtle HATCHLING in a jar on a shelf and the sight distracts you long enough that you miss the languid movement from the heap of furs and cushions behind the fancy wood desk.

Guillermo: My dear, I’ve caught an ANGEL skulking around. Gave Vantage, Kozy, and Timult quite the scare, kept threatening to eat one of them! He wasn’t very bright and I have him securely trapped, so it’ll be quite safe to test your POWERS on him.

A familiar cat inspired DEMON sits up and yawns into her hand. She lets out a cute squeak when she recognizes you.
>>
No. 1044728 ID: e51896

Play along

"oh noooo, please don't punish me with your scary powers on sweet little old me, you mean ol' demon. I'll be a good"

*wink wink*
>>
No. 1044738 ID: 15c72a

>>1044724
Hey time to tell her about your promotion! And also that you've been warned to keep your relationship "platonic" from here on.
>>
No. 1044739 ID: e51896

>>1044738
Good idea, tho lets wait until cameraman is gone to tell her
>>
No. 1044795 ID: a7a180

Play dumb. "Ca caw."
>>
No. 1044845 ID: 9ea24b
File 166422859450.png - (107.17KB , 500x500 , p20.png )
1044845

>Play dumb
Gray: Er, caw caw.

Mizz gives you an extremely concerned look.

Guillermo: I believe he’s trying to fool you into thinking he’s a normal bird.
Mizz: Yes I got that. Gray, what are you doing here? They never send you on scouting missions.


>Play along
Gray: Ohhhh noooo I’m going to be punished by two scary DEMONS. I promise to be a good boy if you go easy on me.

You wink at Mizz and try to show off your somewhat lacking bird butt.

Guillermo: I believe he’s trying to seduce us.
Mizz: Memo, this is my friend with benefits Gray. We’ve been hooking up for ages, he’s alright for an ANGEL.
Guillermo: My, I do love a good twist. Shall we get on with the BINDING?
Gray: Mizz I have something important to tell you, just get this guy to untie me and leave.
Mizz: You can tell both of us, right here.
Gray: Okay well I kinda sorta got promoted and we can’t have sex anymore but I still like you a lot and want to hangout.
Mizz: More details, please.


You summarize your exciting meeting with Crown and Princess and your new responsibilities as EGG boy.

Gray: …so that’s why you should let me go get that T. Rex EGG and then I’ll leave and not bother you guys!
Guillermo: On the contrary this is a one in a lifetime opportunity, sir ANGEL. To have one of the HEADS in our grasp could have widespread impacts on DEMON ANGEL relations.
Mizz: I agree. Sorry Gray, we won’t hurt you, but if we can reduce the number of HATCHLINGS you retrieve it’ll save a lot of LIVES in the long run.


A. Struggle and break free! You’ll injure both DEMONS in the process.
B. Try and talk Mizz out of it (50% chance success, can increase depending on talking points)
>>
No. 1044846 ID: a2d88b

B, tell her attacking nowborns and soon-to-be-borns is just not cool, only for Mizz to remind you that angels do exactly that on each world that hosts the Demon War.
>>
No. 1044847 ID: a7a180

50% is good odds, especially if you can successfully talk yourself up. So, those angels will still be hatched and be out of the control of any authority, you would be spending demon lives to deal with them regardless.
It sounds like they intend to keep you prisoner, which is not heat they want on them.
Anything else... Well, a captive under duress doesn't interview well.
Before anyone brings it up, please don't brag about Crown's halo of omniscience, in case Guillermo doesn't know about it already.
>>
No. 1044854 ID: f89136

B.
You're probably being watched right now, cause crown knows everything, and you JUST got promoted. If you're not doing a satisfactory job they'll likely just replace you.
>>
No. 1044864 ID: 629f2e

Yeah, sorry Mizz but that ain't a great deal for us. And if you get to screw us for the sake of your species, then it's only fair that we get to do the same.

I vote A. Break free.
>>
No. 1044865 ID: e5709d

B - "You're not showing a brand of respect for freedom if you literally abort souls who willfully chose to live long and meaningful lives of order and patience just so they could be reincarnated as stewards of the fabric of reality.
And the net thingy."
>>
No. 1044867 ID: 400d72

B
Come on guys, I already like you. If you fuck me up they'll replace me with some asshole. I saw the other candidates.
>>
No. 1044878 ID: 9ea24b
File 166431972115.png - (94.60KB , 500x500 , p21.png )
1044878

>B
You’re sure you can convince Mizz to go easy on you. She might put on a tough exterior but she’s a very sweet lady. Who else would put up with your ANGEL absurdity?

>All the very good reasons not to BIND you
Gray: Mizz, I’m doing a good thing by retrieving all the EGGS! What would happen if ANGELS were just let loose on all those worlds as FALLEN?
Mizz: I was thinking I would make a CONTRACT where you squash every third HATCHLING.
Gray: And cut short so many innocent LIVES? That’s terrible! Look, I’m sure I’m being watched by the other HEADS so I wouldn’t do anything too bad to me or you’ll get in serious trouble. You guys are very cool and tough but you can’t take the big boys on.
Guillermo: That’s true…I’m not much good on targets at long range.
Gray: I wasn’t lying, I am a very nice, sweet, good BOY, for an ANGEL. Not even mad about the net.


>MERCY check (50% + 5 x 5% = 75% chance success): SUCCESS
Mizz: Fine, let’s just do a quick CONTRACT so you don’t hurt Guillermo once he releases you or tell anyone we’re here.
Gray: Yes please!


You wait patiently as Mizz closes her eyes and wiggles her fingers to get those spooky MAGIC juices flowing. The contract is like the taste of soap in your mouth, before it fades into the background.

Guillermo: Well done! I must say that was a very neat CAST. You make a striking picture, my sweet. Shall we have a quickie before I get back to work?
Mizz: Certainly. Would you mind extending the invitation to Gray here?
Guillermo: I’ve heard ANGEL fluids are quite toxic. Absolutely!


A. Engage in illegal sex
B. Just watch
C. Politely decline and leave
>>
No. 1044883 ID: a7a180

B, or C if you would be late to the hatching.
>>
No. 1044894 ID: 02a9d6

>>1044883
+1, but if you have to leave come back after retrieving the egg.
>>
No. 1044907 ID: 7b9d09

Head angels told us not to, so we cant.

C, lets take our awesome t-rex egg now for a job well done!
>>
No. 1044913 ID: e5709d

"I'd really like the sex thing but I gotta stop a T-Rex from sprouting eyes on its hands and laser-beaming from its mouth."
>>
No. 1044916 ID: 15c72a

Hold up, it's an Angel's natural state to be Fallen?
>>
No. 1044946 ID: 9ea24b
File 166440606586.png - (138.00KB , 500x500 , p22.png )
1044946

>C
You’re still worried about the EGG, so with a heavy bird dick you ask to be excused. Once you’re freed from your restraints with a wave of Guillermo’s hand, you dash out of the tent and soar away from the DEMON nest. This is a tragedy indeed, Guillermo seemed like he’d be a real freak in bed.

>Is it an ANGEL’S natural state to be FALLEN?
This is a question that you can very easily rationalize away, so you do. If PURITY designed the Virgin Mother to retrieve every HATCHLING, their natural state is within ANGEL society and all the rigid belief that entails. FALLEN are no better than wild animals and give proper ANGELS a bad name.

You safely distract the mother T. Rex and quickly snag the still damp EGG before diving into a portal that takes you straight to the nearest NURSERY. Each EGG is kept carefully separated until it hatches, which can take from a few minutes to weeks. Afterwards the caretaker ANGELS assess the HATCHLING for abilities and place them in beginner classes based on their TRACK.

The caretakers respect your hard work at least. You greet a few of them by name before preparing a portal to the next planet.
>>
No. 1044947 ID: 9ea24b
File 166440607299.png - (117.82KB , 500x500 , p23.png )
1044947

Before you can leave, you’re blindsided by some unknown attacker. They’re very light and crumple against your sculpted bird bod.

Crown: ow!
Gray: Don’t hurt yourself. What’s up Crown?
Crown: you keep making the wrong choices so i have to do something about it. i knew you’d be here so i flew over.
Gray: Wait, you mean I was supposed to have weird DEMON sex with that LORD?
Crown: no, mizz isn’t supposed to trust you anymore. i wanted you to get in a fight with her or maim her accidentally and ruin your friendship.
Gray: Um.
Gray: That’s kind of effed up, man. I’ve just been doing my JOB.
Crown: it’s necessary for the path. go find her in three days, she’ll be alone. injure her.

>>
No. 1044948 ID: 629f2e

Ew. Major fucking ew.

Tell Crown that the Path sucks ass, and that he needs to cut that shit out fast.
>>
No. 1044949 ID: a7a180

Blind faith in the path is for mortals, Crown. I want some assurances first that this is what's best for Mizz too. I'm already banned from booty calls, don't make me unfriend her on Goodbook too.
>>
No. 1044951 ID: 15c72a

Ugh, a PATH. Tell him to show you what's so important about it. With the Halo, so you know he's not lying.
>>
No. 1044952 ID: ca9351

You're hitting surprising levels of manipulative and disassociated right now. Do you want to talk about what's up because hurting and betraying friends isn't something you just drop casually and expect it to be taken well. You also look like your hurting physically and emotionally, are you alright?
>>
No. 1044954 ID: 9ee5f6

Tell him youre not supposed to PATH tho, it was part of some kind of weird omnipotent deal he made with CHAOS you think. warn it Might cause trouble for him if you PATH.
>>
No. 1044958 ID: 9ea24b
File 166442060458.png - (97.67KB , 500x500 , p24.png )
1044958

You turn into your humanoid FORM for the extra height. Crown is being super manipulative and you want to show he can’t bully you.

Gray: Whatever your PATH is, cut that crap out and don’t even think about involving Mizz! LUST told me you made a deal with CHAOS not to use PATHS, and I’m not above telling on you.
Crown: i can still do one. the deal was not to start any more and i’ve been on this PATH since the beginning.
Gray: Pray tell what’s so important about it.
Crown: you can find out when you use my halo again, and princess is the only one who can take it off of me so you can’t see now.
Gray: I won’t do anything unless it’s good for Mizz and I in the long run.


Crown droops and you feel a twinge of pity. The ANGEL’S body language is pure defeat and hurt.

Gray: Look, I’m sorry the HALO makes you feel bad, I’m happy to talk to you about it but I’m not hurting the people I LO–like because you told me to. I appreciate you getting me this job but I’m not your lapdog.
Crown: i-i just want it to hurt less. i don’t want to be here anymore…

>>
No. 1044959 ID: 9ea24b
File 166442062175.png - (94.92KB , 500x500 , p25.png )
1044959

Your fellow HEAD ANGEL sniffles and leaks a few more floating tears before glaring at you.

Crown: the path is to reduce my suffering as much as possible. i can’t control everything, and some stuff just isn’t possible, but i can do enough to get an optimized result. i want you and princess to use my halo as much as you can and that means i need to cause problems sometimes. either you injure the demon or i will.

FINAL CHOICE:
You have a horrible feeling that whatever you choose will have a BAD outcome, though the way Crown and Mizz will feel about you afterwards will differ.

A. Do as Crown asks (Crown will be satisfied, Mizz will be afraid of you)

B. Call Crown’s bluff (Crown will dislike you more, you won’t have to hurt Mizz, Crown will do something terrible to Mizz at some point in the nearish future)
>>
No. 1044963 ID: bbb04b

"So it'd be darned if I do, darned if I don't. Seems like the only difference is who's going to be responsible for what happens next. Easiest decision of my life." B. "If you want bad stuff to happen so bad, you could stand to dirty your OWN hands, at least! Now, I have a JOB to do. Good. Day."
>>
No. 1044967 ID: e51896

A. I feel whatever Crown will do to her will be far worse than if we betray Mizz. For now, it might be best to stay on the head angels good side until we can find a way to CHANGE their perspective on the shitty ways they run things

We also know somewhere down the line, their relationship is going to sour with either choice. Might as well be from our doing than have Crown do it and spread false and horrible information about us to her after he does something terrible to her. At least if we do it, we can give our own reasoning.
>>
No. 1044978 ID: e5709d

B) "You've lost it. Do you care about what you'll sacrifice? Hell, do you really care about easing your pain, or do you just have an obsession with making everyone do what they're told?"
March to Princess and come up with something. If you can't, warn the demons. All of them.
>>
No. 1044979 ID: 15c72a

>>1044959
A. Better you control how she gets hurt. Who knows what Crown would do? (also at some point Gray has to lose an eye, which I assume happens during the fight, so if that doesn't happen then he's still going to get hurt by someone else.)
>>
No. 1044980 ID: f3a2ce

>>1044967
I don't really think their perspective will change. They've had eternity already. Selfish prick. I thought you guys were portions of purity.

A. No telling what crown would do. You can control for damage this way. Just make sure she can really see the regret in your eyes.
>>
No. 1044981 ID: 629f2e

B. Forget about the future where we know things get sour between them. Think about the here and now, and what both choices mean for Mizz.

In option A, somebody that she deeply cares for hurts her. Maybe not as badly as Crown would do to her, but it would permanently scar her heart.

Crown harming her is unsurprising, he's a dick, and she has no real faith in the other head angels as it stands. But she believes in Gray. He's supposed to be honest with her, and she with him. Maybe they won't share secrets regarding their own factions, strategic info that the other's team would benefit from, but this isn't that.

Gray might tell her that he was forced to do it, that he was sparing her from a worse fate. From where she's sitting though, there are only two ways she can read the situation. Either Gray is lying, and he can't be trusted anymore; or he's telling the truth, and she can never see him again lest he be commanded again to hurt her. When push comes to shove, he will do what he's told. There's no coming back from it.

Crown can do his own dirty work. Mizz will get hurt. You will be sad about it, but you will not be the cause of it.
>>
No. 1044982 ID: fce62b

>>1044981
Agreed, go with B.
>>
No. 1044983 ID: a7a180

That’s it? Reduce your suffering to minimum. You could NOT have worded that worse, Crown, someone in your position has to deal with a lot of crap sometimes and deferring it into others leads to more suffering in the end.
B. If you want the future to suck so bad, do it yourself.
>>
No. 1045000 ID: c21da0

B, because the other option is to do exactly the kind of things that seems to make Crown miserable : making the least bad choice based on pessimistic visions of the future instead of trying your best right now.
>>
No. 1045015 ID: 0838d6

B, also, you JUST said the problem was you wanted others to use the crown, can you not just *have a conversation* and *ask us* to wear the crown more often so you suffer from precognition less?!?! You saw Grey not suffer when wearing it, and he did his job fine...
>>
No. 1045040 ID: 9ea24b
File 166448802392.png - (96.42KB , 500x500 , p26.png )
1045040

>B
Gray: You’re an embodiment of PURITY. How could you do this? You’re making more people SUFFER by being selfish!
Crown: yeah.
Gray: Get your own hands dirty, I’m not attacking Mizz.
Crown: your choice.


You simmer with rage for a moment before taking a deep breath. It’s okay, you can warn Mizz and tell Princess about Crown’s continued instability. In fact, you’re going to do that right now.

You make a new portal and seize Crown’s upper arm. The ANGEL offers no resistance as you drag him into a bright, grassy field where Princess is reviewing REPORTS like a responsible HEAD should. She listens while you rant to her about Crown’s twisted plans.

Gray: Crown should have just ASKED you or me to wear the HALO more.
Princess: You did say you almost DIED after using it for less than a minute. I suppose I should contribute, about five minutes per 20 hours should be safe.
Crown: yay.
Princess: Can you see how this may have been part of the PLAN as well? It’s very difficult to get the upper hand on Crown, the HALO can instantly adapt to new situations and tweak the PATH.
Gray: Please, stop him from hurting Mizz. Keep him strapped to your neck or something.
Princess: I don’t want any more STRIFE between us. I’m sorry. I may be approximately OMNIPOTENT but there are still many things I can’t control. He’s my peer, not my PRISONER.

>>
No. 1045041 ID: 9ea24b
File 166448803521.png - (127.01KB , 500x500 , p27.png )
1045041

You spend the next month a nervous wreck, constantly checking on Mizz, who quickly becomes irritated by your CONCERN, especially when you interrupt her when she’s talking to DEMONS who are decidedly less welcoming to HEAD ANGELS than Guillermo. You even drop an EGG while you’re hurrying from your job to find Mizz. The DEMON is nervous too, but seems to have at least partially accepted the RISK and continues going about her business.

The stress from Crown along with the demands of your new position make you pretty miserable after a while. You almost wish Crown would stop freaking you out and just make his MOVE.

It’s like he can read your thoughts. The day after you have this private moment of WEAKNESS, you find Mizz’s favorite SAFEHOUSE totally destroyed.

There’s radioactive dust in the air. Your feathers tingle as you frantically search the CRATER where the NUKE made impact for a sign of Mizz. You can smell DEMON blood over the ash, and you circle around until you find her charred FORM a kilometer away.
Healing was never your best POWER, but you’re an ANGEL and if you can’t help someone who’s injured you’re not much USE at all! Your harsh AURA hurts Mizz, and she writhes as you slowly help her rebuild her BODY, even lashing out with her hand and sinking her nails into your left EYE in desperation.

You yelp with PAIN, but ignore your injury. Mizz is SUFFERING, she doesn’t know what she’s doing, and you pin her limbs down so she can’t struggle again.

Eventually the DEMON is back to her usual physical self, except for her wounded EYE that mirrors your own. She’s shaking as you MAKE a soft blanket and wrap her securely. This whole time you’ve been babbling APOLOGIES and she finally puts her hand over your mouth to shut you up.

Mizz: It’s not your FAULT.
Gray: Mmmph!
Mizz: You did your best with HEALING. Don’t worry about it.


She stands suddenly and starts walking away.

Gray: Mizz! Wait up! Are–are we still friends?
Mizz: I need some SPACE after that, Gray.
Gray: Sorry, I’m sorry.
Mizz: Please, can you just leave me alone for a while? I need to RECOVER.


She struggles to open a PORTAL and gives you a sad look over her shoulder before limping away.
>>
No. 1045042 ID: 9ea24b
File 166448804120.png - (106.70KB , 500x500 , p28.png )
1045042

Thanks for reading.


Delete post []
Password