[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 103147)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 39865 unique user posts. View catalog

File 126240771225.png - (116.02KB , 962x962 , boon001.png )
103147 No. 103147 ID: bf1e7e

Imani's village has been stricken with a terrible plague. He, alone, has remained unaffected. No magic or medicine has been able to cure the affliction.

Imani can no longer stand to watch his friends suffer. The legends spoke of beings from beyond antiquity, dragons whose power transcended the bounds of mere mortals. Perhaps such a creature could be persuaded to save Imani's village.

In spite of his youth, or perhaps because of it, Imani climbs out of his home in the bottom of the world. If he wants a dragon to save his village, he'll need to find one.
Expand all images
>>
No. 103151 ID: c0f3bf

Know of a place to start?
>>
No. 103152 ID: 3297aa

Step 1: pierce heavens.
>>
No. 103154 ID: f44349

I hear dragons like caves up high in mountains.
Know of any particularly imposing mountains?
>>
No. 103156 ID: 34bfdb

Somehow I doubt it'll be that easy! Lets explore our surroundings first:Look to the left. There seems to be some sort of object there, Gems, leaves? Not sure. Might as well check if it's something handy
>>
No. 103159 ID: b082e5

>>103147
Grab those gems, then start platforming!
>>
No. 103162 ID: 35cea2

>>103159
>>103156

Grab the gems and then look down the pit to your right.
>>
No. 103164 ID: bf1e7e
File 126240917024.png - (88.72KB , 962x962 , boon002.png )
103164

>>103151
>>103154

Unfortunately, Imani has never left the village until he climbed out just moments ago. Given that he lives on the bottom of the world, going up seems to be the best option.

From what he has heard from travelers, there is a guru who lives up and to the west from Imani's village, so that may be a good place to start.

>>103152

Imani can't do that. Certainly not from the bottom of the world.
>>
No. 103166 ID: 34470e

>>103164
What are you? An Indahl?
>>
No. 103171 ID: 426169
File 126240963386.gif - (25.25KB , 600x400 , dragon.gif )
103171

DON'T WORRY I'LL SAVE YOU!
TAKE THOSE GEMS!
>>
No. 103172 ID: bf1e7e
File 126240973726.png - (114.92KB , 962x962 , boon003.png )
103172

>>103156
>>103159
>>103162

There's no question as to what these crystals are. They're fundamite. Imani has been training as a sculptor, and can shape the fundamite into different shapes, so long as he has enough.

This fundamite is very low-quality, he won't be able to make much out of it.

The pit to the right is the way down to Imani's village, he doesn't need to look down to know what's there.

>>103166

Imani is Imani. He's a person. He doesn't know what an Indahl is.
>>
No. 103174 ID: 34470e

>>103172
No, I mean what's your species?
>>
No. 103176 ID: 34bfdb

Well might as well start going. Retrieve some of the rope you used to climb up here, we can always just lower it back down when we want to get back.

There's a small platform beside you, lets see if we can make it up there at least. Can you jump up to it from your starting position? Or Climb up there from the far left?

Also.. what sort of things can we craft from the gems?
>>
No. 103177 ID: c0f3bf

Jump as high as you can! Let's test you out.
>>
No. 103178 ID: bf1e7e
File 126241044964.png - (115.58KB , 962x962 , boon004.png )
103178

>>103174

Imani doesn't know what a species is. He knows that some of the people who come to visit his village call them 'Underfolk.' He guesses it's because they live on the bottom of the world.

>>103176
>>103177

Imani gathers up the rope. It's unlikely that anyone from the village will be needing it, they never left even when they weren't sick.

The jump is high, but Imani can jump over his friends while they're standing, so he can still catch the edge.

>Also.. what sort of things can we craft from the gems?

Imani can make almost any solid object out of fundamite. He can't make anything with moving parts, but he can make hollow objects like cups and bottles.
>>
No. 103179 ID: 59ff22

PLAYER COMMAND INPUT>

Examine SELF, learn ABILITIES and PERSONALITY

Examine WALL to the WEST. Looks funky

Break into the third dimension and see what opportunities present themselves...
>>
No. 103182 ID: 59ff22

>>103178

Damn, I was late on the last one. Not this time!

PLAYER COMMAND INPUT>

Use FUNDAMITE to create GRAPPLING HOOK. attack to ROPE to create AWESOME
>>
No. 103191 ID: bf1e7e
File 126241098064.png - (115.41KB , 962x962 , boon005.png )
103191

>>103182

Imani sets down the rope, he needs both hands free to sculpt the fundamite.
>>
No. 103193 ID: 34470e

>>103178
What exactly are the symptoms of this plague?

(Oh, and 59ff22: The player command input stuff is unnecessary.)
>>
No. 103197 ID: bf1e7e
File 126241117141.png - (115.17KB , 962x962 , boon006.png )
103197

>>103191

Imani converts the raw fundamite into a grappling spike. He affixes one end of the rope to it.
>>
No. 103208 ID: f44349

>>103197
inb4 it breaks after one or two uses because we used crappy fundamite.

But anyways grapple that platform above you!
Up and to the west we go!
>>
No. 103224 ID: 34bfdb

>>103208
Also remember to retrieve our rope/grapple after we climb up. Too useful of a tool to just leave it hanging.
>>
No. 103225 ID: bf1e7e
File 126241202471.png - (114.59KB , 962x962 , boon007.png )
103225

>>103208

There's no need for Imani to grapple onto the giant mushroom, he can climb onto it easily.
>>
No. 103226 ID: 34470e

>>103225
repeating
>>103193
>>
No. 103231 ID: 34bfdb

Okay, head to the left side of the mushroom, and tell us what we see over there.

Lets.. not try grappling to the upper platforms just yet, they look a bit unstable.
>>
No. 103244 ID: bf1e7e
File 126241296530.png - (84.03KB , 962x962 , boon008.png )
103244

>>103226
>>103231

People who are afflicted with the plague start feeling dizzy and sick, and then their skin starts to change color and they start to slow down and get tired until they can't move any more.

Imani heads over the mushroom, to see what he can see. But the other side of the mushroom is all that he can see.
>>
No. 103247 ID: 34bfdb

There seems to be another ledge up there.. is our rope long enough to reach? Step closer, get a good look before giving it a try.
>>
No. 103248 ID: c0f3bf

Test out the mushroom first, does it seem likely to break?
>>
No. 103251 ID: 51d0f5

Try to spear your way onto the other ledge there.
>>
No. 103257 ID: bf1e7e
File 126241368897.png - (89.40KB , 962x962 , boon009.png )
103257

>>103248

Imani has already walked all the way across it, and he seems okay.

>>103247
>>103251

It looks like Imani's rope isn't quite long enough.
>>
No. 103259 ID: c0f3bf

Drat. Go back the other way.
>>
No. 103261 ID: 34bfdb

Alright then..and the other edge to the far right is just about the same distance so we likely can't get there...

Toss your grapple at one of the rickety looking logs above you from earlier. Give it a few tugs to test how stable they are.
>>
No. 103274 ID: bf1e7e
File 126241466996.png - (119.08KB , 962x962 , boon010.png )
103274

>>103259
>>103261

Imani returns to the other end of the mushroom, tossing his spike at one of the 'branches' above him.

Apparently, the branch is harder than the spike. It must be ironwood.
>>
No. 103276 ID: 34bfdb

I guess toss it at one of the vines around it instead, get back quickly afterwords though.
>>
No. 103279 ID: bf1e7e
File 126241509771.png - (118.69KB , 962x962 , boon011.png )
103279

>>103276

Imani makes another toss, aiming for one of the vines. He hits it, but it seems that there's not enough substance to the vine for the spike to hook into as it slices partway through the vine and continues on.
>>
No. 103281 ID: bf1e7e
File 126241518087.png - (119.37KB , 962x962 , boon012.png )
103281

>>103279

>==>
>>
No. 103294 ID: 34bfdb

Give it a tug..somehow I doubt it's going to take our weight like that.

If it comes back try tossing it around again with a bit more length, so that we can reach both ends.
>>
No. 103301 ID: 34bfdb

>>103297
Attempt to climb up. Slowly at first, just to be sure it can handle your weight.
>>
No. 103310 ID: 34bfdb

Yup.. still try to climb up, though holding both ends so your weight doesn't just pull the other down.
>>
No. 103317 ID: bf1e7e
File 126241719995.png - (119.85KB , 962x962 , boon013.png )
103317

>>103294

You tug on the rope, and the spike snaps back over the vines

==>
>>
No. 103319 ID: bf1e7e
File 126241723158.png - (119.55KB , 962x962 , boon014.png )
103319

>>103317

>==>

You throw more slack over the vines. You grab hold of both ends.
>>
No. 103326 ID: bf1e7e
File 126241767830.png - (117.83KB , 962x962 , boon015.png )
103326

>>103301
>>103310

You start to shimmy up the rope. It looks like the vines will hold.
>>
No. 103329 ID: 34bfdb

Well keep going up. No reason not to! retrieve rope once you get up there, and look around at the higher area.
>>
No. 103338 ID: bf1e7e
File 126241823544.png - (111.41KB , 962x962 , boon016.png )
103338

>>103329

You continue to climb up, pulling the rope up after you. You stop to look around

(Pause for the evening)
>>
No. 103810 ID: bf1e7e
File 126247191843.png - (140.89KB , 962x962 , boon017.png )
103810

>>103338

>==>

Imani has climbed up.
>>
No. 103811 ID: 51d0f5

Shimmy up along that diagonal thing right next to you.
>>
No. 103812 ID: f44349

>>103810
Look!
Hanging off the bottom of that platform above you its um...
A thing!

Poke THING with grappling hook.
Brace for delicious candies that will undoubtedly fall out.
>>
No. 103814 ID: d02cfe

>>103810
Is it a cave entrance on top of the platform to the right?
>>
No. 103816 ID: bf1e7e
File 126247296599.png - (141.14KB , 962x962 , boon018.png )
103816

>>103811

Imani decides to shimmy up the vine.

Imani hears something snap.

==>
>>
No. 103818 ID: bf1e7e
File 126247326016.png - (135.62KB , 962x962 , boon019.png )
103818

>>103816

>==>
>>
No. 103819 ID: c79a69
File 126247350549.jpg - (12.68KB , 586x126 , uhhh huh.jpg )
103819

>>103818
well only one way to go, UP!
>>
No. 103821 ID: bf1e7e
File 126247422639.png - (140.00KB , 962x962 , boon020.png )
103821

>>103819

Imani decides to shimmy back up the vine. It's slow going, and his arms are starting to get tired; and the branch is starting to sway while he climbs, so he drops off onto the branch.

>>103812

Imani throws his grappling spike at the thing, but it won't reach while he still holds onto the rope.

>>103814

There looks to be some sort of cavernous shelf there. There is something on it.
>>
No. 103824 ID: c79a69

>>103821
grapple up to the platform on the upper right there, then once you are on it swing the grapple under it until you hook the thing.
>>
No. 103825 ID: c0f3bf

Go to that ledge behind you and see if you can get on.
>>
No. 103826 ID: f44349

>>103821
Hm. Looks like if you wanna hit the THING you'll have to do it from hanging on that rope near it.
So... see if you can't grapple the platform its hanging off of.
>>
No. 103828 ID: c50a92

>>103821
Well, I'm not sure what good could come of stabbing a fleshy sac-thing, so let's leave it alone for now.

Is that another bit of fundamite on the end of that branch below you? See if you can nab it without breaking the branch it's on.
>>
No. 103834 ID: c79a69

>>103830
PLAN B: swing over and grab the rope hanging from the platform there. shimmy up and smack the thing with the grapple.
>>
No. 103837 ID: bf1e7e
File 12624758367.png - (139.52KB , 962x962 , boon021.png )
103837

>>103824
>>103826

Imani can think of lots of things to try, but ultimately settles on trying to grapple up to the cavernous shelf.

He can't quite throw the grapple high enough to reach the shelf, but it sticks into the side and seems to hold fast.
>>
No. 103839 ID: bf1e7e
File 126247599523.png - (135.68KB , 962x962 , boon022.png )
103839

>>103837

>==>

Imani swings across and manages to shimmy up onto the shelf. He pries the spike loose from the wall and regathers his rope.
>>
No. 103843 ID: c79a69

>>103839
go with earlier idea of swinging the grapple under the platform until it hooks the thing. You should have enough leverage to pray it off if you get it well enough.
>>
No. 103852 ID: bf1e7e
File 126247884895.png - (140.96KB , 962x962 , boon023.png )
103852

Imani reels back, and whips his grappling spike around the ledge as quickly as he can.

==>
>>
No. 103855 ID: bf1e7e
File 126247900646.png - (144.91KB , 962x962 , boon024.png )
103855

>>103852

>==>

==>
>>
No. 103856 ID: bf1e7e
File 126247903559.png - (140.98KB , 962x962 , boon025.png )
103856

>>103855

>==>
>>
No. 103863 ID: d02cfe

>>103856
Alrighty, then. Can you, by chance, light fire to things at will?

Nevermind. Don't even get close to what fell out of the sack. Investigate cavernous shelf.
>>
No. 103872 ID: bf1e7e
File 126247991920.png - (138.79KB , 962x962 , boon026.png )
103872

>>103863

>Can you, by chance, light fire to things at will?

Imani can set anything flammable on fire at will provided he has something with which to do so.

There is a large rack on the shelf. It looks to be made of Ironwood, and there are many scratches and gouges on it.

There is also a small circle of stones with a dusting of ashes inside.
>>
No. 103876 ID: c79a69

>>103872
Slide down the rope on the right, but don't approach goodies, that log is unsupported. Hook the goodies with grapple but don't pierce them!
>>
No. 103878 ID: f44349

>>103856
Pinata! Wee!
Alright, slide down the rope on the side of this platform and see if you can't snag all of that loot.
Oh!
Go down the rope on the right of this platform and then when you get to the other platform see if it is as unstable as it looks, if it is just tip it up and slide the loot towards you.
>>
No. 103919 ID: bf1e7e
File 12624845587.png - (139.41KB , 962x962 , boon027.png )
103919

>>103876
>>103878

Imani slides down on the right side of the platform, and reaches the bottom.

The platform seems sturdy. It doesn't tilt at all when he rests his weight on it.

Imani has no idea how he would go about hooking the 'goodies' with a spike on a rope without piercing them.
>>
No. 103941 ID: c79a69

>>103919
try walking along, but be careful! If it does tilt at all slide back, we don't want to lose the goodies, or you!
>>
No. 103942 ID: 632862

>>103919
Well, if the platform is stable, just grab the goodies.
>>
No. 103960 ID: bf1e7e
File 126248735514.png - (140.77KB , 962x962 , boon028.png )
103960

Imani grabs the 'goodies' that are resting on the ground. They are rubbery, squishy, and covered in a sticky fluid.
>>
No. 103963 ID: 34470e

>>103960
What color is the strange fluid? White-ish?
>>
No. 103965 ID: 632862

>>103960
Taste it.
>>
No. 103986 ID: bf1e7e
File 126248876156.png - (140.32KB , 962x962 , boon029.png )
103986

>>103963

It's pink and translucent.

>>103965

Imani decides to try eating one of the 'goodies.'

It is extremely tasty!
>>
No. 103990 ID: 632862

>>103986
Cool. Let's continue going up. Can you take one of the long ropes to make your grapple longer?
>>
No. 103991 ID: 34bfdb

To eat them all.. or to save them as gifts for later? Any problem carrying a few of these along with our ropes, and such? Or are we juggling way too much now?
>>
No. 104009 ID: bf1e7e
File 12624897608.png - (138.47KB , 962x962 , boon030.png )
104009

>>103991

Imani CAN carry the one-and-a-half goodies he still has and his grappling spike, though he may have trouble climbing while carrying the goodies.

>>103990

The vines that are holding up the branches don't seem like they'd make very good ropes for Imani's grappling spike, and Imani also doesn't think that it'd be a very good idea to remove them.

Imani hops across the gap and makes his way up.
>>
No. 104015 ID: 632862

>>104009
I believe it is grapple time.
>>
No. 104016 ID: 632862

We should probably eat the rest of the goodies since we don't have anything to carry them in right now.
>>
No. 104024 ID: c0f3bf

>>104016
Let's save the goodies until we can't possibly climb while carrying them.
>>
No. 104036 ID: bf1e7e
File 126249179626.png - (141.90KB , 962x962 , boon031.png )
104036

Imani finishes off the goodie he had already started on, and uses his grappling spike to climb up to the ledge.
>>
No. 104043 ID: c79a69

>>104036
Go left!
>>
No. 104051 ID: c0f3bf

Indeed, left is superior.
>>
No. 104065 ID: 35cea2

Examine the object on the slope and the pit at the end of the slope afterwords.
>>
No. 104066 ID: 51d0f5

Try to climb up the slope above you, since going through the tunnel in front of you leads to brambles.
>>
No. 104068 ID: ab1614

Wow man, stop deleting posts just because you posted images with grid on them. XD

You should leave them on, it helps us quite a bit to have measurements.
>>
No. 104069 ID: bf1e7e
File 126249573516.png - (145.13KB , 962x962 , boon032.png )
104069

At this point it would be very silly for Imani not to go left.

>>104065

The object on the slope is some little plant, and the pit at the end is full of Bluethorns. Imani is allergic to bluethorn toxin, and while it probably won't kill him it will make him very sick, which would be a bad thing while he's seeking a cure for the plague.
>>
No. 104071 ID: bf1e7e

>>104068

But it looks so tacky =<
>>
No. 104072 ID: ab1614

>>104071
I dunno, I think it gives your maps a bit of order, which is good. It also lets us make more logical decisions based on distance.
>>
No. 104073 ID: a64482

What's the roof over the bluethorns made of, do you think you can safely collapse some of it to cover them up?
>>
No. 104075 ID: 632862

>>104069
What's that little leafy thing in the tunnel before the bluethorns? Also, go back right, climb down the branch, and drop onto that platform down there. There's another crystal to collect!
>>
No. 104077 ID: bf1e7e
File 126249719131.png - (144.45KB , 962x962 , boon033.png )
104077

>>104075

>What's that little leafy thing in the tunnel before the bluethorns?

Just some small, broad-leafed plant. Imani doesn't know much about plants.

>>104073

It looks to be made out of rock. It might be safe to collapse, but Imani has nothing with which to collapse it.
>>
No. 104081 ID: 632862

>>104077
Leave the plant, then. I suggest going down and around to collect that crystal.
>>
No. 104096 ID: c0f3bf

Nudge the plant with your hook, see if it reacts.
>>
No. 104114 ID: bf1e7e
File 126250056969.png - (144.44KB , 962x962 , boon034.png )
104114

Imani pokes the little plant with his spike, but it doesn't react in any way, shape, or form.

He decides to attempt to climb up, seeing as how he's already here and doesn't have the free hands to carry around a big pile of crystals. Fundamite grows all over the place down here at the bottom of the world, so he sees no dire need to hoard it now.
>>
No. 104116 ID: c0f3bf

Watch out, looks slippery.
>>
No. 104264 ID: dc06af

Go back where you came from, down the vine, swing to reach the lower platform then use your rope to climb and grab the crystal.
>>
No. 104601 ID: bf1e7e
File 126257003325.png - (81.98KB , 962x962 , boon035.png )
104601

>>104116

Imani climbs up extra cautiously, even though the stone surface is dry.
>>
No. 104606 ID: 632862

>>104601
I'm thinking that boulder will roll down the slope if you take the crystal.
>>
No. 104616 ID: bf1e7e
File 126257115079.png - (82.34KB , 962x962 , boon036.png )
104616

>>104606

Imani can't take the tarnished fundamite, it's stuck tight!
>>
No. 104617 ID: 632862

>>104616
Chip it out with your grapple thing.
>>
No. 104618 ID: 34470e

>>104616
Can your grapple hook reach up to the high ledge? If it can, will it stay there?
>>
No. 104627 ID: bf1e7e
File 126257206661.png - (90.51KB , 962x962 , boon037.png )
104627

>>104618

It doesn't look like it will reach.

>>104617

Imani's spike starts to chip through the crystal, but even tarnished fundamite is hard enough that this will take a while.
>>
No. 104663 ID: bf1e7e
File 126257688063.png - (82.04KB , 962x962 , boon038.png )
104663

Wow, it took over an hour for Imani to chisel this piece of fundamite out from under that boulder. He's feeling pretty exhausted after all that.
>>
No. 104666 ID: 74fd41

Can Imani reshape it so that it can more easily be removed?
>>
No. 104667 ID: 632862

>>104663
Okay, try turning the new fundamite into a spike so that you may grapple up to the cliff, then begin climbing upon it using the spikes to make hand/footholds.
>>
No. 104669 ID: 632862

Oooor... we could try getting that boulder down to crush the bluethorns to make a path through them.

Either way, rest up a bit.
>>
No. 104670 ID: e24e0c

Stay out of way of boulder, just in case you loosened it up.

Make backpack out of fundamite, if you think you can make it comfortable enough while still being able to slip it on or off your arms.
>>
No. 104682 ID: 632862

...I predicted that the boulder would move. Get outta the way! Grapple up!
>>
No. 104683 ID: e75a2f

Graph obtained.
>>
No. 104686 ID: bf1e7e
File 126257804720.png - (84.22KB , 962x962 , boon039.png )
104686

>>104666
>>104667

Imani can reshape the fundamite, but it won't make it any easier to remove seeing as how he already chipped it out.

Additionally, this is tarnished fundamite. There are flaws and impurities in it, and if Imani shapes something from it it will be very brittle.
>>
No. 104687 ID: e24e0c

>>104686
Look out, the boulder's moving! Run downhill and past the gap, but not so fast that you'll slide off the edge.
>>
No. 104692 ID: bf1e7e
File 126257852048.png - (89.65KB , 962x962 , boon040.png )
104692

>>104682
>>104684

Imani has already discovered that grappling out of the way is not an option! He quickly flees the scene!

==>
>>
No. 104695 ID: bf1e7e
File 126257884268.png - (152.02KB , 962x962 , boon041.png )
104695

>>104692

>==>

==>
>>
No. 104701 ID: bf1e7e
File 126257914134.png - (150.52KB , 962x962 , boon042.png )
104701

>>104695

>==>

==>
>>
No. 104704 ID: bf1e7e
File 126257938868.png - (148.84KB , 962x962 , boon043.png )
104704

>>104701

>==>

==>
>>
No. 104705 ID: bf1e7e
File 126257955315.png - (141.21KB , 962x962 , boon044.png )
104705

>>104704

>==>

Imani's face hurts.
>>
No. 104706 ID: 34bfdb

>>104705
If we could hug you we would little guy! Though it looks like this whole thing has a silver lining:The rock cleared up those nasty thorns for you!
>>
No. 104708 ID: 632862

>>104705
Well, now you can use the grapple to swing over onto the boulder, then jump across the rest of the way.

Or just jump all the way if you're good enough at jumping, I dunno.
>>
No. 104710 ID: bf1e7e
File 126258011484.png - (143.32KB , 962x962 , boon045.png )
104710

>>104706

Imani is happy that at least things went well overall.

>>104708

Imani can't stick the grapple into solid rock, but he should probably be able to jump as far as the boulder.
>>
No. 104711 ID: 632862

>>104710
Check face for damage.
>>
No. 104712 ID: e24e0c

>>104710
If you're not sure about it, you don't have to try! There are other places to explore in the meantime.

Can you make a backpack from Fundamite, or would that brittle material be ineffective?
>>
No. 104713 ID: bf1e7e
File 126258029659.png - (143.45KB , 962x962 , boon046.png )
104713

>>104711

It looks like it's just dirt. Imani is sore, but he should be fine.
>>
No. 104716 ID: 632862

>>104713
Alright, time to cross the thorns. Leave the tarnished Fundamite behind if it's not easy to carry.
>>
No. 104718 ID: e24e0c

>>104716
Hm... Can you sculpt Fundamite more than once? For instance, for ease of carrying could you make a bracelet out of this tarnished Fundamite, then use that to create something else later?
>>
No. 104719 ID: bf1e7e
File 126258124236.png - (144.70KB , 962x962 , boon047.png )
104719

>>104712

It's really hard to make flexible and soft materials out of fundamite, a lot of the fundamite is wasted in the sculpting process. Imani will need a lot more fundamite in order to make a backpack, and the tarnished fundamite definitely won't do.

>>104716

Imani decides to leave the tarnished fundamite here and continue on. It's not like it's going to go anywhere if he decides he needs it later.

Imani gets ready to jump.
>>
No. 104721 ID: e24e0c

>>104719
Thank you, that answers my question! Good luck on the jump!
>>
No. 104724 ID: bf1e7e
File 126258189986.png - (146.60KB , 962x962 , boon048.png )
104724

>>104718

Imani can sculpt firmamite, which fundamite becomes when sculpted, but it is a very inefficient process. He could resculpt his grappling spike into a large needle, but not an object of the same size.

Imani makes the jump with gusto!
>>
No. 104725 ID: e24e0c

>>104724
All right! Use that momentum to break on through to the other side! (Also jump)
>>
No. 104726 ID: 632862

>>104724
Don't fall off, now! Crouch down to lower your center of gravity so you can balance better, and make sure you've got good footing before jumping the rest of the distance.
>>
No. 104727 ID: bf1e7e
File 126258215281.png - (108.23KB , 962x962 , boon049.png )
104727

>>104724

Imani finishes crossing of his own volition.
>>
No. 104729 ID: 632862

>>104727
Inspect that thing floating in the water. That is water, right? Quench your thirst.
>>
No. 104731 ID: bf1e7e
File 126258282420.png - (108.86KB , 962x962 , boon050.png )
104731

>>104729

It's water, but Imani isn't sure it'd be a good idea to drink it. It looks like it's been stagnant for a long time.

The object floating in it appears to be some sort of plant.
>>
No. 104733 ID: e24e0c

>>104731
What's the object on the far wall, and what are those floating objects (At least, floating from our point of view, I suppose they could be attached to the back wall)?
>>
No. 104734 ID: 632862

>>104731
Climb the mushroom ladder!
>>
No. 104741 ID: c0f3bf

Is the plant the same kind as that last one?
>>
No. 104742 ID: bf1e7e
File 126258371159.png - (108.50KB , 962x962 , boon051.png )
104742

>>104733

These are rockshrooms. They're a very solid and sturdy fungus that grows out of rocks. Imani always thought they felt kind of like rocks themselves.
>>
No. 104743 ID: e24e0c

>>104742
Hey, as long as they're sturdy, I'd be up for climbing 'em too. Go ahead!
>>
No. 104746 ID: c0f3bf

It wouldn't hurt to have some extra stability though. Can you grapple onto the walls while you climb up the mushrooms?
>>
No. 104748 ID: bf1e7e
File 126258406164.png - (111.09KB , 962x962 , boon052.png )
104748

>>104734
>>104743

There is a long list of things Imani has never done, having lived his life in a village. Climbing a wall of mushrooms is no longer on that list.

>>104741

Imani doesn't know much about plants, but this one has very little in common with the one he saw before.
>>
No. 104750 ID: bf1e7e
File 126258422610.png - (109.72KB , 962x962 , boon053.png )
104750

>>104748

>==>
>>
No. 104752 ID: c0f3bf

Left!
>>
No. 104754 ID: e24e0c

>>104752
Fake right, go left.
>>
No. 104755 ID: 632862

>>104750
Take a look at what's up, and what's west.
>>
No. 104757 ID: bf1e7e
File 126258456517.png - (100.92KB , 962x962 , boon054.png )
104757

>>104755

There's a stone ceiling a little ways above Imani.

This is west.
>>
No. 104758 ID: c0f3bf

Any openings in the ceiling?
>>
No. 104759 ID: 632862

>>104757
Grapple up the ledges, I guess.
>>
No. 104762 ID: bf1e7e
File 126258510025.png - (103.26KB , 962x962 , boon055.png )
104762

>>104758

It looks to be a natural overhang. It ends a bit forward, but there's no way for Imani to get his grappling spike around it from here.

>>104759

It's no problem for Imani's grappling spike!
>>
No. 104793 ID: 632862

>>104762
Can you keep going up?
>>
No. 104990 ID: bf1e7e
File 126263586269.png - (104.14KB , 962x962 , boon056.png )
104990

>>104793

Certainly so.
>>
No. 104991 ID: 502b89

>>104990
Looks like ledges are getting scarcer. Look up - how high can we get from here?
>>
No. 104993 ID: bf1e7e
File 126263642250.png - (103.92KB , 962x962 , boon057.png )
104993

>>104991

The ledge right above Imani appears to be as high as he might be able to get here. All that is above him is clouds.
>>
No. 104994 ID: f44349

>>104990
Wait...
Look over the edge.
Can you see what was on that branch down there?
>>
No. 104996 ID: 502b89

>>104993
Try reaching the highest ledge with the grapple. If you can't jump onto the vine and climb that instead.

Either way, after being on top of it, make your way to the right.
>>
No. 104998 ID: eb0900

What can you see to the left?
>>
No. 105003 ID: bf1e7e
File 126263774259.png - (256.00KB , 962x962 , boon058.png )
105003

>>104994

It looks like a bug.

If Imani got a closer look he might be able to figure out what kind of bug it was.
>>
No. 105005 ID: e75a2f

Is that water or magma down there. If magma, you might want to leave.
>>
No. 105014 ID: bf1e7e
File 126263858395.png - (101.99KB , 962x962 , boon059.png )
105014

>>104996

Imani can't reach the ledge with his grappling spike, so he decides to climb the mossy vine. Fortunately, it holds his weight.

>>105005

Oh, that? That's the void. It's not water or magma, it's a storm-tossed sea of nothing that boils endlessly beneath the world.
>>
No. 105015 ID: e75a2f

Has anyone fallen in it?

Likewise has anyone rappelled down and touched it?
>>
No. 105025 ID: bf1e7e
File 126263923169.png - (102.25KB , 962x962 , boon060.png )
105025

>>105015

Sometimes people fall into it, but normally everyone is careful not to.

Sometimes people would go down to bring some of it back when they needed it to make something, usually for the Wyvernfolk or the Fu. They made it back about half the time.

Imani has made his way to the right of the platform.
>>
No. 105028 ID: 34470e

>>105025
What are the Fu?
>>
No. 105065 ID: c79a69

>>105025
drop down to the platform below you and head right.
>>
No. 105087 ID: bf1e7e
File 12626500839.png - (103.71KB , 962x962 , boon061.png )
105087

>>105028

The Fu are also people. They live most everywhere in the world except for the bottom, where Imani lives.
>>
No. 105088 ID: bf1e7e
File 126265021682.png - (80.55KB , 962x962 , boon062.png )
105088

Imani heads to the right.
>>
No. 105090 ID: 34470e

>>105088
We wanna be going up, right? I kinda want to see what's in the cave that goes down.
>>
No. 105093 ID: 34470e
File 126265102769.png - (121.58KB , 900x700 , THAT3.png )
105093

By the way, I constructed a map of where we've been before
>>
No. 105097 ID: 09533b

>>105093
Nice. It looks like there's something in that cave, so lets check it out.
>>
No. 105105 ID: bf1e7e
File 126265640732.png - (105.28KB , 962x962 , boon063.png )
105105

>>105097
>>105090

Imani goes down into the cavern. It looks like somebody is living here, but they aren't here now.

There is a bowl and a bed. Both are empty.
>>
No. 105107 ID: c0f3bf

Anything under the bed?
>>
No. 105108 ID: 8ce2bf

>>105105
Wear the bowl on your head for protection and then take a nap.
>>
No. 105124 ID: 445c48

Rest your head.
>>
No. 105125 ID: bf1e7e
File 12626598882.png - (109.70KB , 962x962 , boon064.png )
105125

>>105107

Imani has discovered an enmormous feather.

>>105108

Imani isn't tired!
>>
No. 105135 ID: 445c48

>>105125
Wear bowl like a helmet. What can you tell us about that feather.
>>
No. 105154 ID: 632862

>>105125
Well, you did say you were tired from spending an hour chipping free that boulder. I guess if you're not actually sleepy, though...

What kind of person is this guru? Maybe this is where he sleeps.
>>
No. 105155 ID: bf1e7e
File 126266130698.png - (111.18KB , 962x962 , boon065.png )
105155

>>105135

This bowl is surprisingly heavy.

The feather is very bright, and very soft. It is fluffy and pleasant. It is also very large.
>>
No. 105156 ID: c0f3bf

Put the feather back, start watching out for GINORMOUS DEMON BIRDS.
>>
No. 105159 ID: e75a2f

Jump.

We might be looking at the feather from all the Zelda GBA games.
>>
No. 105160 ID: 445c48

Wave the feather around a bit, try jumping with it.
>>
No. 105169 ID: bf1e7e
File 126266241413.png - (113.71KB , 962x962 , boon066.png )
105169

Imani jumps.

The bowl falls off of his head, and otherwise nothing extraordinary happens.
>>
No. 105172 ID: c0f3bf

Put back the feather, we can't carry it around and someone must like it. Go back up the passage.
>>
No. 105174 ID: bd36a1

tickle self with feather
>>
No. 105186 ID: bf1e7e
File 126266342131.png - (110.24KB , 962x962 , boon067.png )
105186

Imani attempts to tickle himself with the feather, but it is so large that he is physically incapable of doing so.
>>
No. 105190 ID: bf1e7e
File 126266357166.png - (80.45KB , 962x962 , boon068.png )
105190

Imani puts the feather back and leaves in a huff.
>>
No. 105197 ID: c0f3bf

Nowhere to go but up!
>>
No. 105206 ID: bf1e7e
File 126266543264.png - (84.55KB , 962x962 , boon070.png )
105206

Imani tosses his Grappling spike

==>
>>
No. 105207 ID: bf1e7e
File 126266546044.png - (83.87KB , 962x962 , boon071.png )
105207

>>105206

>==>

And ascends.
>>
No. 105212 ID: 6faa8c

HEY WAIT WHAT WAS THAT LITTLE ROCK IN THE CEILING OF THE TUNNEL BELOW YOU.
>>
No. 105213 ID: bd36a1

>>105207
umm... keep going
>>
No. 105220 ID: 09533b

Lets try to grab the crystal from the cave's ceiling first.
>>
No. 105224 ID: bf1e7e
File 126266634875.png - (93.24KB , 962x962 , boon072.png )
105224

>>105212

That was another piece of Fundamite. Imani already mentioned that it grows in many places.

>>105213

Imani continues his ascent.
>>
No. 105240 ID: 445c48

Look off to your right for anything interesting. Then ASCEND
>>
No. 105243 ID: bf1e7e
File 126266768560.png - (45.86KB , 962x962 , boon073.png )
105243

>>105240

There isn't much to see over to the right.
>>
No. 105246 ID: 445c48

>>105243

Ascend
>>
No. 105251 ID: bf1e7e
File 126266800071.png - (94.30KB , 962x962 , boon074.png )
105251

>>105243

>==>

Imani continues to scale the chimney-like pillar.
>>
No. 105257 ID: 0a59ea

>>105243
wat is that on top of spike?
>>
No. 105260 ID: bf1e7e
File 126266870663.png - (78.71KB , 962x962 , boon075.png )
105260

Imani reaches what looks to be the top of the chimney.
>>
No. 105264 ID: 09533b

>>105260
I guess that's whoever lives there. Lets hope he's friendly. Climb up and say hi. Or whatever is a polite greeting around here.
>>
No. 105266 ID: 445c48

>>105260
WARNING: THINGAMAJIG ABOVE YOU. Approach with caution, but be polite.

Can you fight, by the way?
>>
No. 105267 ID: a1ac99

>>105260
Ascend once more, greet potential new friend.
>>
No. 105268 ID: 632862

>>105260
Hey, you found someone. Go on up and say hello.
>>
No. 105289 ID: bf1e7e
File 126266962190.png - (79.73KB , 962x962 , boon076.png )
105289

Imani climbs onto the plateau and attempts to greet the large individual.

There is no response.
>>
No. 105291 ID: 445c48

>>105289
Prepare combat tactic: Hug
>>
No. 105292 ID: 34470e

>>105291
DO NOT DO THIS

Instead initiate combat tactic: Poke
>>
No. 105293 ID: 632862

>>105289
I suddenly wish we had the feather so we could wake him up with it.

Get a little closer, and say hello a little louder.
>>
No. 105302 ID: bf1e7e
File 126267019016.png - (79.91KB , 962x962 , boon077.png )
105302

>>105293
>>105292

Imani decides to scooch closer, poking the person in the arm and saying 'hello' more loudly.

The other person responds.

>'You already said that.'
>>
No. 105304 ID: 6faa8c

>>105302
"You didn't say anything."
>>
No. 105305 ID: 445c48

>>105302
"I-I've been told I mutter, I wasn't sure if you heard me."
>>
No. 105306 ID: 632862

>>105302
Ask him if he's a Seer and if he can help you find someone to save your village.
>>
No. 105307 ID: 34470e

>>105302
Apologize and say that you thought he was asleep.
>>
No. 105313 ID: bf1e7e
File 126267068397.png - (79.96KB , 962x962 , boon078.png )
105313

>>105304

>'There was nothing to say.'

>>105306

>'I no longer leave my home. If you are looking for a hero, you may find better luck at the villain of Wreen.'

>>105307

>'If I were sleeping, would I not be in my bed?'
>>
No. 105316 ID: 445c48

>>105313
Ask him if he knows any way to get higher. We must ASCEND.
>>
No. 105317 ID: a1ac99

>>105313
"If I might ask, you seem upset. Why?"
>>
No. 105318 ID: 34470e

>>105313
Ask him if he can show you where he lives. Also explain that your trying to find a cure for your people.
>>
No. 105323 ID: bf1e7e
File 126267110844.png - (79.96KB , 962x962 , boon079.png )
105323

Imani continues to ask questions.

>>105316

>'This is the highest point on the outer edge of the world.'

>>105317

>'You have interrupted my meditation and offered nothing in return.'

>>105318

Imani tells the man of his search for a dragon to cure his village.

>'I am not a dragon.'
>>
No. 105324 ID: 632862

>>105323
Ask him what we can do for him in exchange for his help in finding a dragon.
>>
No. 105325 ID: 34470e

>>105323
Ask him if you can meditate with him for a while.
>>
No. 105326 ID: 445c48

>>105323
Apologize, and go make him something useful/pretty out of Fundamite.
>>
No. 105329 ID: 09533b

Apologize for the interruption. Offer help in general, or perhaps to craft something for him if he can help you.
>>
No. 105336 ID: bf1e7e
File 12626716438.png - (80.72KB , 962x962 , boon080.png )
105336

>>105324

>'Nothing. I have everything that I need, and seeking the dragon is a fool's errand.

>>105325

The man turns to face Imani.

>'It makes no difference, though I came out here to the edge to find sol...

He looks down at Imani with a sudden air of intensity.
>>
No. 105340 ID: 632862

>>105336
"What is it?"
>>
No. 105356 ID: c0f3bf

>>105340
Take a step backwards while saying this.
>>
No. 105362 ID: bf1e7e
File 126267259072.png - (93.20KB , 962x962 , boon081.png )
105362

Imani takes a step back.

>>105340

He stands and reaches out toward Imani.

>'Where did you get that?'
>>
No. 105364 ID: c0f3bf

"The gooey orb? I hooked a fleshy sack while climbing and it fell out."
>>
No. 105365 ID: 632862

>>105362
This round fruit? There was a hanging sac down and east of here, I cut it open and a bunch of them fell out.
>>
No. 105366 ID: 34470e

>>105362
Tell him where you got it semi-nervously.
>>
No. 105369 ID: 445c48

Get what?
>>
No. 105370 ID: bf1e7e
File 126267313691.png - (93.71KB , 962x962 , boon082.png )
105370

>'GIVE IT TO ME.'
>>
No. 105371 ID: 632862

>>105370
Give it to him.
>>
No. 105372 ID: 34470e

>>105370
Hand it over quickly and apologize.
>>
No. 105373 ID: 34470e

>>105372
Also ask him what it is.
>>
No. 105376 ID: c0f3bf

"I will, but first you have to tell me why someone that has everything they need wants this, I don't want to be responsible if you somehow use it to do bad stuff."
>>
No. 105377 ID: bf1e7e
File 126267375947.png - (93.88KB , 962x962 , boon083.png )
105377

>It Is...

==>
>>
No. 105378 ID: bf1e7e
File 126267379660.png - (94.45KB , 962x962 , boon084.png )
105378

>==>

==>
>>
No. 105379 ID: bf1e7e
File 126267384810.png - (91.87KB , 962x962 , boon085.png )
105379

>==>

>'Delicious.'
>>
No. 105380 ID: 34470e

>>105379
Call him a meanie.
>>
No. 105381 ID: 632862

>>105379
Well, I helped you, how about you help me?
>>
No. 105382 ID: c79a69
File 126267406750.jpg - (21.18KB , 583x197 , you goddamn faggot.jpg )
105382

>>105379
I'm so tempted to "This is Sparta!" this guy.
>>
No. 105386 ID: bf1e7e
File 126267475440.png - (89.53KB , 962x962 , boon086.png )
105386

>'It's been a long time since I had a roostberry. Brings back memories.'

He seems happy.
>>
No. 105387 ID: 632862

>>105386
"Are you sure there's no way you can help me?"
>>
No. 105388 ID: c0f3bf

Do you know what he is? He seems a bit... large to be one of your species.
>>
No. 105395 ID: bf1e7e
File 126267546976.png - (91.89KB , 962x962 , boon087.png )
105395

>>105388

He looks like a Fu, but he's enormous. Imani has heard that the Fu never stop growing as they get older, but in that case he must be incredibly old.

>>105387

>'Sure, I can help you. And if you got a hold of a roostberry you may not be wasting your time.

>Come to my home at the base of the Pillar.'
>>
No. 105404 ID: 632862

>>105395
Alright, follow him.
>>
No. 105406 ID: bf1e7e
File 126267604591.png - (97.60KB , 962x962 , boon088.png )
105406

>>105395

He leaves.
>>
No. 105407 ID: c0f3bf

Go with him!
>>
No. 105408 ID: 34470e

>>105406
What are you doing? Follow him!
>>
No. 105409 ID: bf1e7e
File 126267627175.png - (68.59KB , 962x962 , boon089.png )
105409

>>105404

Imani doesn't think that following him is the best idea.
>>
No. 105410 ID: 34470e

>>105409
Oh and not following and possibly upsetting someone who could possibly be helpful to you later IS a good idea? FOLLOW HIM!
>>
No. 105411 ID: c0f3bf

Why? He seems friendly enough, and you need all the help you can get.
>>
No. 105415 ID: 632862

>>105409
Okay instead of going down the way he did; which is just jumping off... climb down.
>>
No. 105419 ID: bf1e7e
File 12626768061.png - (67.04KB , 962x962 , boon090.png )
105419

>>105410
>>105411

Imani was planning to head back to the guru's house, but he's going to go the slow way instead of following him.

>pausing for the evening, it's 2:30 AM here.
>>
No. 107169 ID: bf1e7e
File 126289774579.png - (120.74KB , 962x962 , boon091.png )
107169

Imani heads back to the cavern beneath the Pillar. The Guru is already there.
>>
No. 107187 ID: bf1e7e
File 126290150927.png - (122.85KB , 962x962 , boon092.png )
107187

>>107169

The Guru speaks up since Imani is just standing around waiting:

>'You'll need three things to get a boon from the dragon. You'll need to know where it is, You'll need a way to get its attention, and you'll need to do a service for the dragon in exchange.'
>>
No. 107188 ID: 74fd41

I don't suppose you have any info on the first one do you?
>>
No. 107191 ID: 6faa8c

Nod and sit down.
"Do you have any idea where to find any of these things? Really, I'm just looking for a starting point, here."
>>
No. 107199 ID: bf1e7e
File 126290256556.png - (122.57KB , 962x962 , boon093.png )
107199

>>107188
>>107191

>'I can help you with all three of these things. The first is the easiest, the dragon keeps an eternal vigil on a tower on the inner edge of the world. Getting there will be your own task.'

>'The second is not altogether difficult. I can make a concoction that will draw the dragon's attention. But you will need to bring me the things which are required for it. It isn't much, I simply need a Singebeetle, a pitchbloom, and some Malgur honey. I will make it for you in exchange for gathering the ingredients.'

>'The third can be dealt with later.'
>>
No. 107201 ID: 34470e

Ask what Singebeetle, a pitchbloom, and some Malgur honey look like and where to find them.
>>
No. 107202 ID: 632862

>>107199
Ask where to find the three ingredients, and what they look like.
>>
No. 107206 ID: bf1e7e
File 126290323538.png - (121.00KB , 962x962 , boon094.png )
107206

Imani already knows what a singebeetle looks like. The bug on the branch was probably one, now that he thinks about it.

>'A Pitchbloom is a flower with a four-pronged bloom beneath a coiled bud. It smells like smoke. You should be able to get Malgur honey in Wreen, Which is down and inward from here.'
>>
No. 107207 ID: 6faa8c

>>107206
Bow and thank him.

now... ADVENTUUUUURE!
>>
No. 107229 ID: 632862

>>107206
We should go back and try to rappel down to get the beetle, if the rope is long enough.
>>
No. 107252 ID: bf1e7e
File 126290847788.png - (103.47KB , 962x962 , boon095.png )
107252

Imani thanks the guru, and heads to investigate the bug, if his rope is long enough.
>>
No. 107256 ID: bf1e7e
File 126290871882.png - (100.24KB , 962x962 , boon096.png )
107256

>>107252

>==>

That is definitely a singebeetle.
>>
No. 107263 ID: 632862

>>107256
Well, take it and bring it back to the guru. You can only carry one thing at a time now.
>>
No. 107269 ID: bf1e7e
File 126290997094.png - (101.12KB , 962x962 , boon097.png )
107269

>>107263

Imani grabs the beetle. It flails its limbs impotently.
>>
No. 107275 ID: bf1e7e
File 126291025556.png - (125.14KB , 962x962 , boon098.png )
107275

>>107269

Imani brings the singebeetle back to the Guru.
>>
No. 107278 ID: bf1e7e
File 12629103952.png - (124.34KB , 962x962 , boon099.png )
107278

>>107275

The Guru crushes the singebeetle and throws it into his bowl.
>>
No. 107282 ID: 445c48

>>107278
Weep for the dead beetle.
>>
No. 107283 ID: 502a61

Ask where Pitchblooms grow.
>>
No. 107285 ID: 632862

>>107278
Alright, next... Check to see what quality that crystal in the ceiling is. Maybe we could make something better out of it?
>>
No. 107288 ID: 502a61

>>107285
Might want to ask the guru if you can take it seeing as it's his home and all.
>>
No. 107299 ID: bf1e7e
File 126291119350.png - (122.10KB , 962x962 , boon100.png )
107299

>>107282

The singebeetle doesn't appear to be dead, the guru probably only crushed its fluid sac. It was awfully engorged when Imani caught it, the Beetle couldn't even try to fly away from him.

>>107283

Usually out toward the edges of the world, the guru never saw them back when he lived toward the center.

>>107285

The fundamite on the ceiling of the tunnel looks to be roughly the same quality as the one Imani used to make his grappling spike, though it is a little bit bigger.
>>
No. 107308 ID: 632862

>>107299
Make a climbing glove out of it. A mitt with spikes on the inside, so you can hang on to vertical surfaces.
>>
No. 107313 ID: 6faa8c

>>107308

oooh i like
>>
No. 107336 ID: bf1e7e
File 126291386220.png - (79.72KB , 962x962 , boon101.png )
107336

>>107308

Imani obeys his creative whims to the best of his ability
>>
No. 107337 ID: 74fd41

>>107308
Nah let's make a jetpack instead.

Also let's go looking for the honey and the flower, back to the shelf area where we got the berries from I suppose.
>>
No. 107342 ID: 502a61

Lets go west and down towards the town, with any luck we might find a flower on the way.
>>
No. 107345 ID: 632862

>>107336
Go back down to where we started, then go left and down.
>>
No. 107374 ID: bf1e7e
File 126291680696.png - (80.02KB , 962x962 , boon102.png )
107374

Imani decides to backtrack.

He heads outward.
>>
No. 107375 ID: bf1e7e
File 126291688112.png - (98.73KB , 962x962 , boon103.png )
107375

He hangs from the ledge and drops down, Imani feels that this is about as far as he'll be able to drop without hurting himself.
>>
No. 107376 ID: bf1e7e
File 126291694760.png - (107.83KB , 962x962 , boon104.png )
107376

Imani climbs back down the mushroom wall.
>>
No. 107379 ID: bf1e7e
File 12629170372.png - (144.65KB , 962x962 , boon105.png )
107379

He uses the boulder to hop back across the thorn patch.
>>
No. 107382 ID: bf1e7e
File 126291713622.png - (139.75KB , 962x962 , boon106.png )
107382

Imani decides to stop at this area, because his whim is giving him conflicting instructions. Heading inward would take him toward the town, but it has also been suggested that he go down the branch and head outward from there, and that he go back to where he started, which is farther down.

Which way should Imani go?
>>
No. 107428 ID: 445c48

Go in.
>>
No. 107441 ID: 632862

>>107382
Well... perhaps we should go inward towards the town, since we actually know where it is.
>>
No. 107499 ID: 502a61

Down left. At the very least we can grab that other crystal.

You might need to swing on the vine to jump there.
>>
No. 107610 ID: bf1e7e
File 126293450885.png - (95.29KB , 962x962 , boon107.png )
107610

Imani opts to head inward, he at least has an idea of where he might find the honey which makes it a more attractive prospect than the pitchbloom.
>>
No. 107611 ID: 6faa8c

Keep on keeping on. Also pick up any Fundie you find!
>>
No. 107613 ID: bf1e7e
File 126293524025.png - (129.99KB , 962x962 , boon108.png )
107613

>>107611

Keepin' on is something that Imani can do.

There is a bridge here.
>>
No. 107614 ID: c0f3bf

Test it with your foot, see if it's sturdy.
>>
No. 107615 ID: 6faa8c

>>107613
Cross, then plant spike on ground on other side and climb down to grab more materials.
>>
No. 107617 ID: 632862

>>107613
If the bridge works fine then go see what quality that Fundamite is.
>>
No. 107622 ID: bf1e7e
File 126293617916.png - (128.99KB , 962x962 , boon109.png )
107622

The bridge seems to be in good repair, and so Imani crosses.

He can see from here that the Fundamite is, at best, the same quality as the fundamite that he has been working with.

Unfortunately, most of the fundamite that grows at the bottom of the world isn't terribly good. Most good fundamite is brought down by traders from above, where the fundamite is purer, but also rarer.
>>
No. 107623 ID: 6faa8c

>>107622
Well, snag it anyway. Use it to make your spike more hooky.
>>
No. 107624 ID: 6faa8c

Actually split it in half, using one half for a handle on one end of your rope. Then ues the rest to make the spike more like a multidirectional fish hook.
>>
No. 107629 ID: bf1e7e
File 126293709630.png - (132.35KB , 962x962 , boon110.png )
107629

Imani can't fuse new fundamite to old firmamite without partially reshaping the old firmamite, resulting in a loss of some of the original material.

Even if he could, this would only be enough fundamite to do one of those two things.
>>
No. 107634 ID: 6faa8c

>>107629
then just make a handle for the rope.
>>
No. 107638 ID: bf1e7e
File 126293770459.png - (129.73KB , 962x962 , boon111.png )
107638

>>107634

Imani sculpts a handle for the rope, and then attatches it.
>>
No. 107640 ID: 6faa8c

>>107638
Yay! Now we can swing without worrying about losing grip as much. When we find fundamite, we can add a hook and then we're really cooking with adventureing gas!
>>
No. 107652 ID: 6faa8c

>>107638
Can you climb up to that thing above you?
>>
No. 107671 ID: 632862

I'd like to mention that there was something up on that mushroom before.
>>
No. 107772 ID: bf1e7e
File 126298138366.png - (133.32KB , 962x962 , boon112.png )
107772

>>107652

Imani can't get his grappling spikek over it, and it's too high to jump.
>>
No. 107779 ID: b14128

Jump up, throwing the grappling hook up when you reach the apex of your leap?
>>
No. 107786 ID: bf1e7e
File 126298901785.png - (131.76KB , 962x962 , boon113.png )
107786

>>107779

Well, it's in there now.
>>
No. 107795 ID: 6faa8c

>>107786
Can it support your weight?
>>
No. 107853 ID: bf1e7e
File 126299885252.png - (132.64KB , 962x962 , boon114.png )
107853

>>107795

It doesn't look like it.
>>
No. 107854 ID: 632862

>>107853
Okay, let's just go right then.
>>
No. 107856 ID: c0f3bf

Indeed, maybe there'll be a way to get back up left!
>>
No. 107858 ID: 6faa8c

>>107854
inb4 a ladder two inches away
>>
No. 107868 ID: bf1e7e
File 126300020818.png - (87.88KB , 962x962 , boon115.png )
107868

Imani heads further inward.
>>
No. 107869 ID: 632862

>>107868
Is that a door? Go on and knock on it.
>>
No. 107872 ID: bf1e7e
File 126300055616.png - (87.62KB , 962x962 , boon116.png )
107872

>>107869

Imani knocks on the door.

There is no response, and the door shifts inward slightly. It looks like it was already ajar.
>>
No. 107873 ID: 632862

>>107872
Go in the jar.
>>
No. 107882 ID: bf1e7e
File 126300135171.png - (59.81KB , 962x962 , boon117.png )
107882

>>107873

Imani enters the door.
>>
No. 107883 ID: 34470e

>>107882
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I have no idea how this'll fit on my map.
>>
No. 107884 ID: 445c48

Take a nap.
>>
No. 107886 ID: 632862

>>107882
Does the place look like it's been used recently?
>>
No. 107893 ID: bf1e7e
File 126300245781.png - (61.31KB , 962x962 , boon118.png )
107893

>>107886

Imani couldn't say.

>>107884

Imani doesn't feel particularly tired.
>>
No. 107895 ID: 445c48

Look at the ITEMS on the SHELF. Check UNDER BED, UNDER PILLOW, INSIDE PILLOW, and UNDER THE COVERS.

And just lay down and take some weight off your feet for a bit.
>>
No. 107896 ID: 74fd41

Let's dig around in that stuff on the shelf.
>>
No. 107906 ID: 4ba484

>>107895
thats a chimey?

climb it up instead of leaving trhu the door.
>>
No. 107907 ID: bf1e7e
File 126300410094.png - (61.04KB , 962x962 , boon119.png )
107907

The bed contains nothing of interest, there are some large shirts underneath it but they are far too big for Imani.

On the shelf, Imani finds a book and a crystal. Imani can not read, so the book is not very interesting. But the crystal appears to be a chunk of Dense Fundamite!
>>
No. 107909 ID: 34470e

>>107907
>Imani can not read, so the book is not very interesting.
Last time something someone felt that way, we were unable to cure someone of their... um... let's say "curse".
>>
No. 107911 ID: 4ba484

>>107907
sidequest adquired: learn to read

leave the dense fundamite. it is not yours, it wasnt in a vase and you are not link to steal things without legal problems.
>>
No. 107912 ID: 632862

>>107907
Best to leave. We shouldn't steal things.
>>
No. 107913 ID: 632862

>>107912
But before we do, look at the fireplace for anything in the ashes.
>>
No. 107918 ID: bf1e7e
File 126300521527.png - (60.72KB , 962x962 , boon121.png )
107918

Imani decides to put the objects back where they were, it wouldn't do to go stealing.

There is nothing particularly interesting about the ashes in the fireplace. They look old.
>>
No. 107921 ID: 445c48

Look up Chimney
>>
No. 107926 ID: bf1e7e
File 126300758777.png - (60.81KB , 962x962 , boon122.png )
107926

>>107921

The chimney is a tiny ventilation shaft in the back of the fireplace. It is just a small shaft in the stone.
>>
No. 107929 ID: 445c48

>>107926
Get on the table, toss your spike into the middle of the ceiling, and swing and land on the bed..
>>
No. 107930 ID: 74fd41

Let's leave and head inward some more, along the bottom path.
>>
No. 107932 ID: bf1e7e
File 126300976355.png - (97.51KB , 962x962 , boon123.png )
107932

Imani decides to leave the room and continue on.
>>
No. 107935 ID: 445c48

>>107932
Guy behind you, probably wondering why you broke into his house. He could be armed with a weapon, though it might be a shovel. And thus still a weapon.
>>
No. 107936 ID: 74fd41

Say hello to the person behind you
>>
No. 107937 ID: bf1e7e
File 126301186731.png - (98.68KB , 962x962 , boon124.png )
107937

Imani turns to greet the Fu behind him.

The Fu greets Imani.

==>
>>
No. 107944 ID: bf1e7e
File 126301260152.png - (61.87KB , 962x962 , boon125.png )
107944

>>107937

>==>

==>
>>
No. 107946 ID: bf1e7e
File 126301265357.png - (74.94KB , 962x962 , boonpt1end.png )
107946

>>107944

>==>
>>
No. 107947 ID: 34470e

>>107937
>>107944
>>107946
THAT IS NOT HOW YOU SAY HELLO!
>>
No. 107960 ID: 3416ec

>>107937

If that's a hello, I'd sure hate to see what a goodbye is...
>>
No. 107968 ID: ac8222

What's her problem? It's not like we entered her house without permission or anything.
>>
No. 107977 ID: 632862

The door was open. The worst we did was nose around.
>>
No. 108035 ID: d6b5ea

hello *TWACK*

the fu doesnt know we lefted everything as it was. give time to time.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password