[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 163762744099.png - (264.32KB , 1000x1100 , p0.png )
1015802 No. 1015802 ID: eedbeb

Prepare a delicious meal! (This quest will run until the end of the 25th)
Expand all images
>>
No. 1015803 ID: eedbeb
File 163762745064.png - (266.64KB , 1000x1100 , p1.png )
1015803

Shouting wakes you from your delightful slumber in your home cave. Your name is Germ and this year you’ve been selected to prepare the Thanks Meal to celebrate the great matriarch dragon’s slaughter of a bunch of people when she moved into this area. It is a great honor. You get to present your offerings to the dragon herself.
>>
No. 1015804 ID: eedbeb
File 163762746213.png - (255.07KB , 1000x1100 , p2.png )
1015804

You groan and roll out of your hammock. Your father reminds you of the ingredients necessary for a truly traditional Thanks.

You need:
-A large flightless bird
-Sour berries for a sauce
-Starchy tubers
-Orange gourd
>>
No. 1015805 ID: afe7de

Well of course you have to get the best flightless bird for dinner, the dreaded DIRE KIWI, there should be a flock of them in the mountains right?
>>
No. 1015806 ID: b96145

Disregard honors, acquire fruitcake
>>
No. 1015807 ID: 629f2e

You can start with the orange gourd. Naturally, they'll be the hardest to acquire, since they're a rather clever vegetable. Lure one out with a mating call and duel it for the right to consume its flesh.
>>
No. 1015809 ID: e7c7d3

Time to grab supplies
>>
No. 1015813 ID: eedbeb
File 163762980764.png - (207.14KB , 1000x1100 , p3.png )
1015813

You decide to get the bird first since it’ll take the longest to cook. The dire kiwi is a fierce creature that travels in foraging flocks in the mountains during the late fall months. What is your hunting method?

-Trap
-Spear
>>
No. 1015818 ID: e7c7d3

Trap. The classic rake on the ground manuever
>>
No. 1015820 ID: 8a51ec

Trap it with a foot snare, everyone knows a dire kiwi is useless without its talons!
>>
No. 1015823 ID: eedbeb
File 163763282586.png - (236.69KB , 1000x1100 , p4.png )
1015823

With an ingenious rake trap, those birds won’t suspect a thing. You quickly makes a bird sized rake, then hikes up the mountains until you spot a cluster of birds. After some trial and error you place the rake in their path and waits.

Eventually, after your fingers are almost numb from the cold, one of the birds stumbles onto the garden implement and bonks itself lightly on the chest.
>>
No. 1015824 ID: eedbeb
File 163763283545.png - (198.25KB , 1000x1100 , p5.png )
1015824

Yes! The euphoria of success! Unfortunately the kiwi is in no way harmed. Perhaps you should make a different trap.

You put together a foot snare and restart the whole process. At last, a kiwi sticks its leg in the loop and pulls, snagging itself.

The creature shrieks with rage and thrashes around, scattering the other birds. How do you collect your prize?
>>
No. 1015833 ID: afe7de

> USE RAKE ON BIRD UNTIL IT PASSES OUT

Then look for berries the bird eats idk? Maybe some rabid wild berry creatures that roll around like the tire from rubber.
>>
No. 1015834 ID: 6e4236

Stick rake on bird throat.
>>
No. 1015836 ID: eedbeb
File 163763616559.png - (210.17KB , 1000x1100 , p6.png )
1015836

You use your rake to get your revenge on the bird, bludgeoning it out of its misery. Afterwards you take your flint knife and cut off its head for a refreshing drink of warm blood. You need to go back to the cave to scald and pluck the bird, then place it in the fire pit for a slow cook.
>>
No. 1015837 ID: eedbeb
File 163763617762.png - (201.65KB , 1000x1100 , p7.png )
1015837

Since you’re already in the mountains you look around for some berry bushes. You get a few handfuls of bright red berries that you don’t recognize, which you stick in your bag. Kiwi in tow, you head back home.
>>
No. 1015849 ID: c92a02

You can raid a nearby farm for both tubers and gourds.
>>
No. 1015858 ID: 8483cf

Any farms in between you and home? Steal a gourd!
>>
No. 1015869 ID: 6e4236

Drinking blood is sinful and picking random red berries is unwise. Pick berries you actually know are good for eating.
>>
No. 1015872 ID: eedbeb
File 163768067821.png - (262.46KB , 1000x1100 , p8.png )
1015872

Your hands are a bit full but your ambition holds no bounds. On the way down from the mountain you sneak towards one of the little farms that dot the area. You see a truly voluptuous gourd behind the wood fence.

-Steal
-Go home to drop off your stuff first then steal
-Ask for permission
>>
No. 1015874 ID: afe7de

>>1015872
Ask for permission by saying dragon wants food, then bc your hands are full carry it by riding on top of it and walking backwards so it moves forward like you are an acrobat
>>
No. 1015876 ID: cda6c9

Drop off loot, then steal.
>>
No. 1015887 ID: e7c7d3

Stash then dash... off with a gourd
>>
No. 1015891 ID: ab862d

Steal the way kobolds do. Without asking for permission and without thinking about it twice.
>>
No. 1015894 ID: 6e4236

Drop off loot then ask permission
>>
No. 1015897 ID: ce39da

Drop off and prepare loot first - take an opportunity to have someone check whether the berries are the right ones first, and get all the "not cooking" steps of preparing the kiwi done ahead of time. The gourd will always be there if you need it.
>>
No. 1015898 ID: eedbeb
File 163769096854.png - (190.05KB , 1000x1100 , p9.png )
1015898

>Stash then steal
You hurry back home, hand over the bird and berries to your father to prepare, then dash back up the hill to the pumpkin.

You don’t see anyone around, so you climb the fence, saw through the vine, and start rolling the magnificent gourd towards the gate.

Inspiration strikes and you balance on top of the pumpkin and start walking backwards to drive it forward.
>>
No. 1015899 ID: eedbeb
File 163769098263.png - (250.76KB , 1000x1100 , p10.png )
1015899

The method works until you reach the incline and start gathering speed. The gourd is too heavy and hard to control!

You hit a boulder and are sent sprawling as the pumpkin cracks against rock.

A gnoll pops her head out from the edge of the trees. “Hey! What are you doing there? Is that my pumpkin?!”
>>
No. 1015901 ID: 0838d6

>>1015899
time for a brazen lie

"YUP, it's for the THANKS MEAL, you're coming right? Didn't you get the MEMO?"
>>
No. 1015904 ID: 6e4236

Hug her!
>>
No. 1015914 ID: eedbeb
File 163769703033.png - (192.60KB , 1000x1100 , p11.png )
1015914

The gnoll strides over to the wreckage and surveys the split gourd with watery eyes. “I’ve been growing this pumpkin all year and you try to steal it! Good for nothing kobolds.”

“It’s not for nothing, it’s for the Thanks Meal.” you squeak, struggling to think of a good lie. “You, er, you’re invited too if you’d like.”

The gnoll looms over you. “You’re going to help me get this back to my home and if you don’t steal anything else, I’ll let you have a piece as long as I can bring my family to the feast later.”
>>
No. 1015915 ID: eedbeb
File 163769704245.png - (198.00KB , 1000x1100 , p12.png )
1015915

You scurry upright. “Of course ma’am, whatever you say, you’re very kind and generous.”

The gnoll hands you her basket of mushrooms with a stern look, then starts heaving the pumpkin up the hill. The mushrooms smell very good, but you must restrain yourself. The gnoll looks very fluffy and you’re tempted to touch her fur.
>>
No. 1015916 ID: 629f2e

Temptations too strong. Touch.
>>
No. 1015918 ID: 8a51ec

Butt.
Slightly less importantly, an innocuous handshake would be a good way to touch fluff without the added risk of disembowelment.
>>
No. 1015919 ID: ab862d

Ask the gnoll about the tubers
>>
No. 1015925 ID: 0838d6

okay but what if you ASKED to touch fluffy tail, who knows maybe she's into that, or would be like, uhh sure you weirdo.
>>
No. 1015928 ID: 6e4236

Sing Tell Everybody I'm My Way.
>>
No. 1015929 ID: cda6c9

Touch. With teeth.
>>
No. 1015931 ID: eedbeb
File 163770404981.png - (109.65KB , 1000x1100 , p13.png )
1015931

“Can I touch your tail?” you ask.

“No, I have enough children tugging on it.” the gnoll grunts.

“I’m an adult! I’m seven years old already.” you say, offended.

She snorts at your words and you decide not to risk disembowelment for the fluff.
>>
No. 1015932 ID: eedbeb
File 163770405860.png - (250.44KB , 1000x1100 , p14.png )
1015932

Once she’s reached her property, the gnoll stops to catch her breath.

“I’m Rhortra. What’s your name?” she asks.

“I’m Germ. Do you have any tubers I could use for the Thanks?”

She squints at you suspiciously. “Not unless you are willing to pay good copper for them.”

A smaller, male gnoll emerges from the house next to the farm and helps Rhortra lift the pumpkin inside. You hand over the mushrooms.
>>
No. 1015933 ID: eedbeb
File 163770406905.png - (211.79KB , 1000x1100 , p15.png )
1015933

“Here is your piece.” Rhortra says, whacking a chunk off the pumpkin with an enormous knife. “Where is your home?”

“Up on the rock face above the river, you can see the smoke from the bank. Come by at sunset.” you say.

You nibble the edge of the orange flesh as you walk to the edge of the property. What should you do next?
>>
No. 1015934 ID: ab862d

Sell yourself for copper.
>>
No. 1015936 ID: e4f428

Become cop for copper, just realized you were 7, is that an adult in kobold years?
>>
No. 1015937 ID: 96c896

We need the tubers! Gotta find some taters or yams.
>>
No. 1015938 ID: 8a51ec

>>1015934
In like... a non-sexual way. Right?
>>
No. 1015939 ID: 6e4236

Look for tubers in a non-sexual way.
>>
No. 1015942 ID: e7c7d3

Tubers grow into the ground. Head for your tunnels and look up
>>
No. 1015943 ID: eedbeb
File 163770808175.png - (262.07KB , 1000x1100 , p16.png )
1015943

>Adult?
Kobolds are mature at 6 years old, so you are a young adult. You live with your parents and your grandparents because communal living is necessary in this economy.

Speaking of…you don’t have any copper to buy tubers with. You could find some wild potatoes but the ones from Rhortra’s garden will be of the highest quality.

You drop off your pumpkin to your harried father, who reports that the berries made his stomach turn. The dragon won’t be poisoned, though she’ll appreciate better fruit, and if you don’t have time to get more you’ll have to stick with what you’ve got.
>>
No. 1015944 ID: eedbeb
File 163770808971.png - (260.33KB , 1000x1100 , p17.png )
1015944

You walk to the village that’s by the river and proclaim yourself available for a few hours of labor. The humans laugh or make crude jokes about the labor you could provide, which you ignore despite your hurt feelings.

Finally, an old crone walks up to you and asks for help guarding her shop while she runs an errand. All you have to do is stand outside and stop anyone from coming in while she’s gone.

Do you:
-Take the job
-Take the job and steal from the shop
-Other
>>
No. 1015945 ID: e7c7d3

Take the errend. Only steal from the shop if the crone sells fruits or tubers
>>
No. 1015947 ID: ab862d

You could also make money by selling invitations to the Thanks Meal. I'm sure the dragon would love a larger crowd.
>>
No. 1015952 ID: 6e4236

Take your spear and do the job.
For Narnia!
>>
No. 1015953 ID: eedbeb
File 163771274028.png - (254.46KB , 1000x1100 , p18.png )
1015953

You take your spear and follow the crone to her little candle store. Fat cylinders of wax line the window and you breathe in the smell of honey and herbs. She pats you on the head and you’re left alone.

The job is very boring, but you persist, hissing at the stray cat that comes too close and pacing back and forth in front of the door.
>>
No. 1015954 ID: eedbeb
File 163771275860.png - (231.01KB , 1000x1100 , p19.png )
1015954

The shadows are lengthening when a mean looking human approaches to leer at the display window.

“Excuse me!” you chirp. “This shop is temporarily closed. Please move along.”

“That’s no way to talk to a prospective customer, little lizard.” the man sneers.
>>
No. 1015955 ID: 8a51ec

Oh, he did NOT just sass you.
>>
No. 1015959 ID: 1f38ce

HES GOT A KNIFE IN HIS PANTS, SCREAM ABOUT THE KNIFE AND HOW HES GONNA MURDER YOU

-turns out he is just a paying customer though, oh well-
>>
No. 1015961 ID: 6e4236

Okay, but the shop is closed.
>>
No. 1015964 ID: 96c896

>>1015954
Hm, if he just wants to look that's fine, but he can't come in!
>>
No. 1015966 ID: a9af05

>>1015954
The shop is still temporarily closed and you'll have to come back later!
>>
No. 1015967 ID: eedbeb
File 163771854982.png - (224.57KB , 1000x1100 , p20.png )
1015967

“The store is closed.” you repeat firmly. “You may look at the candles in the display and dream about eating them, as I do.”

The human seems surprised you’re standing up to him. “It’s been closed for hours, I need candles to light my home. When is the old hag coming back?”

You don’t actually know and you feel a twinge of uncertainty. You’ve been standing here for what feels like years and you have a meal to prepare.
>>
No. 1015968 ID: eedbeb
File 163771855633.png - (206.61KB , 1000x1100 , p21.png )
1015968

“I’m—not sure.” you say.

“Well, how about you let me through and I can get a candle and leave money on the counter.” the man says coaxingly.

Do you:
-Let the man into the shop
-Stand firm
-Abandon your post
>>
No. 1015973 ID: 96c896

Stand firm. You were given specific instructions.
>>
No. 1015977 ID: 6e4236

I'm sorry. I was told to guard the place and I need to make good on it. She will be back tomorrow.
>>
No. 1015980 ID: eedbeb
File 163772628038.png - (216.03KB , 1000x1100 , p22.png )
1015980

>Stand firm
“Sorry, I’m under orders not to let anyone in.” you say.

To your relief, the human grumbles and walks away without more fuss. After waiting for another hour, the old crone returns.

“Oh! You’re still here.” she says. “I’m sorry for the delay, did you have any trouble?”

You stand tall and attempt a salute. “None at all ma’am.”

“You’re a darling.” she coos. She fishes around in her purse and pulls out a silver coin, which she places in your paw.
>>
No. 1015981 ID: eedbeb
File 163772628873.png - (173.30KB , 1000x1100 , p23.png )
1015981

You’re rich! You hurry home as the sky starts to turn pink. The smells of cooking pie and kiwi have filled the cave and your father is poking at the coals with a stick. You still need tubers and replacement berries, if possible. You can also spice what’s currently cooking for flair.
>>
No. 1015987 ID: 96c896

Money can be exchanged for goods and services.
>>
No. 1015990 ID: e7c7d3

See what people have for sale
>>
No. 1015999 ID: 6e4236

You need give the coin to someone who can buy the tubers and berries in short order.
>>
No. 1016001 ID: 8483cf

Tuber time!
>>
No. 1016004 ID: ab862d

Get fleeced into buying some magical beans.
>>
No. 1016017 ID: eedbeb
File 163777376022.png - (223.20KB , 1000x1100 , p24.png )
1016017

You charge up the hill to Rhortra’s farm and knock on the door, perhaps a bit too fiercely. A young gnoll about your size answers, sucking on a dough covered spoon.

“Hi, are your parents home? I need to buy some potatoes and berries.” You show off your silver piece and the kid’s eyes widen.

“Um, yeh…MA! KOBOLD’S HERE TO SEE YOU THEY GOT MONEY.”

Rhortra comes trotting to the entrance, wearing an apron and smelling like roasted nuts.
>>
No. 1016018 ID: eedbeb
File 163777377386.png - (228.99KB , 1000x1100 , p25.png )
1016018

“Germ, good to see you.” she says warmly. “I’m getting some food ready for the dinner later. Can’t show up without a dish or two.”

“I want your best taters and sour berries.” you hand Rhortra your coin.

“Gods, this is far too much for some produce. I’ll get you change and a bag.” Rhortra bustles away, leaving you with the child again, who tugs on your tail.
>>
No. 1016019 ID: ab862d

Contemplate on the history of the Thanks Meal celebration.
>>
No. 1016020 ID: 6e4236

Tuck on his tail too.
>>
No. 1016021 ID: afe7de

mutual tail tugs as you silently chase eachother in circles because thats cute.
>>
No. 1016022 ID: e7c7d3

Touch fluffy tail of kid
>>
No. 1016025 ID: eedbeb
File 163778464645.png - (252.40KB , 1000x1100 , p26.png )
1016025

You grab the kid’s tail in retaliation and chase him playfully around the entrance while he squeals and smacks you with the slimy spoon until Rhortra returns with a sack heavy with clean tubers and few jars of berries. She also gives you five copper pieces.

“We’ll be down for a dinner in an hour or so.” she says.

“See you soon!” your new friend says.
>>
No. 1016026 ID: eedbeb
File 163778466167.png - (256.30KB , 1000x1100 , p27.png )
1016026

On the journey back to your cave, you contemplate the history of the Thanks meal. It’s been going on since your grandparent’s day, when the dragon settled in this area and blessed the kobolds with her protection and power.

You’ve never seen the dragon in person, but apparently she has powerful magic and can change her form.

Now’s your chance for some cooking creativity! How do you prepare your bird, taters, berries, and pie?
>>
No. 1016027 ID: e7c7d3

Slice and bake the tubers with lots of cheese on top


You know what, do that with the bird too
>>
No. 1016030 ID: ab862d

A bit hard to be creative when you only have 4 ingredients and no spices, oil, butter or anything else.

Skin, gut, etc. the bird, stuff it with the pumpkin. Bake the bird in fire until the meat is well done. Cut the tubers into small pieces and bake them next to the bird. Father said the berries are the sauce, so cover the baked bird with that in the end. If you have any spices/salt, or garlic/onions, mix them with the tubers and maybe the bird stuffing.
>>
No. 1016033 ID: eedbeb

>>1016030
you have limited spices and oils im posting this to change my name back to normal
>>
No. 1016039 ID: 96c896

Bake/roast the bird, mash the taters with butter and milk, mush up the berries to make for a sauce for the meat, use the bird's drippings/fat (or just some kind of oil) with flour to make a gravy for the taters. Pie is on its own, but make sure it has nutmeg.

Traditional!
>>
No. 1016040 ID: c09f5e

With much love and appreciation.
>>
No. 1016042 ID: eedbeb
File 163779552030.png - (214.44KB , 1000x1100 , p28.png )
1016042

>Bird
You cleaned the bird when you caught it, and your dad has had it resting in brine. You fill the body cavity with dried herbs, garlic, and onions, and place it in a large clay pan to roast.

>Tubers
You inspect the potatoes and cut them into slices to bake with the bird. They cook faster than the kiwi and you melt some cheese and milk together to coat them.
>>
No. 1016043 ID: eedbeb
File 163779553103.png - (194.82KB , 1000x1100 , p29.png )
1016043

>Berries
The berries are ripe and you carefully cut them and pick out the pits. After that you mush them together with some honey and put the sauce to the side for later.

>Pie
You’re tired after a long day of gathering ingredients, but you combine your last precious bit of honey, milk, and some valuable nutmeg with the pumpkin your dad has pre-mashed for you, then pour the slop into a stiff dough shell.
>>
No. 1016044 ID: eedbeb
File 163779554228.png - (323.98KB , 1000x1100 , p30.png )
1016044

As you’re resting and waiting for everything to finish, Rhortra and her family announce their arrival, bearing plenty of food to share. Your family is stunned to see the gnolls, but after you explain they welcome Rhortra inside. There are three gnoll children and they romp with you while you monitor the fire.

Finally, everything is ready and you prepare the dragon’s plate. You take the choicest slices of meat, pie, potato and add a splash of berry sauce.

Your father nods solemnly. It’s time to take the tunnels to the dragon’s den.
>>
No. 1016046 ID: 6e4236

Watch, and learn,
Here is the deal:
He'll slip and slide,
On this banana peel.
>>
No. 1016047 ID: 96c896

Do not drop the plate. Watch your step!
>>
No. 1016048 ID: 8a51ec

Tripping right now would ruin all your efforts, and be super embarrassing, so be careful.
>>
No. 1016050 ID: eedbeb
File 163780080149.png - (153.91KB , 1000x1100 , p31.png )
1016050

You walk very carefully on the bumpy trail. One wrong step could ruin all your hard work.

The tunnels twist, join together, and connect to other warrens dotted throughout the mountains. The air gets colder as you travel deeper.

You’re checking your plate to make sure it’s still warm when another kobold enters your tunnel.
>>
No. 1016052 ID: eedbeb
File 163780084770.png - (208.91KB , 1000x1100 , p32.png )
1016052

It’s a female kobold around your age, with her own plate grasped in her paws. You take a discrete sniff. Her meat might be livestock instead of a wild bird, but otherwise your food is better.

“Are you doing Thanks Meal too this year?” she asks, leaning over to take her own sniff.

“Yeah, I didn’t know multiple people did it.” you say.

“It’s only one boy and one girl.” she says imperiously, then lowers her voice. “My mother told me whoever has the worse food gets eaten by the dragon.”

-Come up with your own rumor
-Scoff
-Flirt
>>
No. 1016053 ID: afe7de

>>1016052
FLIRTFLIRTFLIRTFLIRTFLIRTFLIRTFLIRTFLIRTFLIRTFLIRT
>>
No. 1016055 ID: 8a51ec

Something something mildly suggestive pickup line about eating.
>>
No. 1016056 ID: e2f5cc

>>1016055
do this, except very poorly
>>
No. 1016058 ID: 96c896

>>1016055
Like "How about whoever has the better food gets eaten by a kobold instead?"
>>
No. 1016065 ID: eedbeb
File 163780493702.png - (221.60KB , 1000x1100 , p33.png )
1016065

You channel all you’ve learned from your father’s tales of romance. “That’s a shame, you’ll be eaten before I get a chance to eat you.

There’s a moment when the innuendo is sinking in where you’re cursing your boldness, but then the other kobold blushes.

“My food is much better. We’ve been fattening this pheasant on scraps for months.” she stammers.
>>
No. 1016066 ID: eedbeb
File 163780494679.png - (259.17KB , 1000x1100 , p34.png )
1016066

“Oh, there’s no hope for you, I got my tubers and berries from the finest farm in the land.” you boast.

The kobold pouts. “I doubt the dragon would actually eat either of us. What’s your name? I’m Weasel.”

“I’m Germ.”
>>
No. 1016067 ID: eedbeb
File 163780497377.png - (184.78KB , 1000x1100 , p35.png )
1016067

The two of you chatter and continue walking for a few more minutes until you start to see an orange glow. You emerge in an enormous cavern, where the great red dragon slumbers on a pile of old treasure.

You announce your arrival, but the dragon doesn’t stir. Hm, you wonder how to get her attention.

-Find a way to wake the dragon
-Make out with Weasel
>>
No. 1016069 ID: afe7de

I really want to say MAKE OUT WITH WEASEL, but that can wait.

Bring food up near the DRAGON'S SNOOT. They wanted food, giving them a whiff should work. After that though, if it doesent work, begin makeouts. I need this in my life, please, you don't understand.
>>
No. 1016070 ID: 8a51ec

Save making out for an even cheesier flirt later, hopefully she won't be eaten by then. Maybe if the dragon smells your food?
>>
No. 1016071 ID: 9f5d29

Make out with weasel
>>
No. 1016072 ID: e7c7d3

Make out with a weasel
>>
No. 1016082 ID: c0a638

Kiss the dragon on the forehead. Guaranteed to wake sleeping beauties.
>>
No. 1016089 ID: eedbeb
File 163781463699.png - (212.90KB , 1000x1100 , p36.png )
1016089

Weasel gently bumps her shoulder against yours, and you feel her tail brush your side.

“We have to do our duty.” you say, a note of hesitation in your voice.

She sighs and moves away. “You’re right. Let’s try to put the food near her snout so she can smell it.”

You ascend the hoard to where you can feel the hot breath leaving the majestic dragon. You and Weasel hold your offerings as close to her nostrils as you can.
>>
No. 1016090 ID: eedbeb
File 163781464436.png - (121.04KB , 1000x1100 , p37.png )
1016090

The dragon stirs with a great rattling of metal. One of her enormous golden eyes opens and focuses on you.

“Is it time for the Thanks Meal already?” She gives an enormous yawn and slowly pulls herself upright. “Let me get into a more appropriate form.”

The dragon glows with magic and rapidly shrinks to the size of a tall human. She sits and takes both of the plates into her lap.
>>
No. 1016091 ID: eedbeb
File 163781465135.png - (229.81KB , 1000x1100 , p38.png )
1016091

Fishing a fork out from her hoard, she takes a hearty bite of your meal, then Weasel’s.

“Mmm! These are really good.”

The dragon wolfs down the contents of both plates then leans back with a contented sigh.
>>
No. 1016092 ID: afe7de

Now you do the shoulder bump tail touching thing. Also suggestive eyebrows.
>>
No. 1016099 ID: 96c896

Ok NOW make out.
>>
No. 1016101 ID: c0a638

Hug dragon.
>>
No. 1016110 ID: 9f5d29

>>1016099
Yes
>>
No. 1016111 ID: 6e4236

Let's kneel and praise the dragon!
>>
No. 1016114 ID: eedbeb
File 163785274735.png - (254.36KB , 1000x1100 , p39.png )
1016114

“Er, do you require anything more from us, most honorable and mighty dragon?” Weasel asks.

“Yes, would you happen to know…” the dragon leans over and whispers conspiratorially. “If I missed anything important? Sometimes I sleep in for longer than I should.”

“I think things are okay. There’s a human village growing by the river but I haven’t heard about any wars or plagues.” you say. Weasel’s paw creeps into your own and you squeeze it.
>>
No. 1016116 ID: eedbeb
File 163785281089.png - (235.92KB , 1000x1100 , p40.png )
1016116

The movement is not missed by the dragon, who gives you a cunning smile. “You know, I offer a variety of magical services to my favored minions.”

“Like what?” you ask.

The dragon starts counting on her fingers. “Birth control, vasectomy, hysterectomy, gender affirmation transformations, limb regrowth, fertility spells, assorted blessings...Or you can have something from my hoard.”
>>
No. 1016117 ID: 6e4236

Heavens above, woman!
Let's accept something from the hoard instead.
>>
No. 1016121 ID: 031458

Blessings?
Like, all my future children could have wings?
>>
No. 1016125 ID: eedbeb
File 163785763005.png - (215.32KB , 1000x1100 , p41.png )
1016125

“Blessings, does that mean you could give all my future children wings?” you ask.

“That’s a little excessive, I could certainly give you wings.” the dragon replies.

Weasel is gazing critically at the hoard. “There are some magic items and gold here, right?”

“Should be, buried with all the junk.”
>>
No. 1016128 ID: 6e4236

Let's help the dragon tidy up her hoard into manageable assortments.
>>
No. 1016130 ID: afe7de

>>1016128
Yeah, maybe get a family heirloom or two for good service
>>
No. 1016131 ID: ab862d

Oh. Can she turn you into a dragon? Then you and the female dragon could live together happily ever after.
>>
No. 1016132 ID: c09f5e

Blessings to the start of your new relationship should be all you need, but a dowry would be nice. You'll discuss kids when you get to know her better. Do hope she says yes.

If you get wings, only fair your partner gets a matching pair. Do they come feathery, or leathery?
>>
No. 1016137 ID: eedbeb
File 163786701512.png - (206.73KB , 1000x1100 , p42.png )
1016137

You turn to Weasel. “Do you—do you want us to be a thing?”

She nods and kisses you, which makes you forget all about the blessings.

“Oh! I forgot to mention abortions. I do abortions.” the dragon interrupts after a moment. “Family planning is very important. My bloodline is quite tough so if we’re not careful we can become overpopulated.”
>>
No. 1016138 ID: eedbeb
File 163786702573.png - (136.47KB , 1000x1100 , p43.png )
1016138

“Honorable dragon, I’d like to request some gold to start a cave with my new partner.” Weasel says.

“I would like wings for both of us.” you say.

“Certainly.” the dragon starts digging in the junk heap and produces two weighty gold coins, which she gives to Weasel.
>>
No. 1016139 ID: eedbeb
File 163786703675.png - (164.37KB , 1000x1100 , p44.png )
1016139

The dragon furrows her brow and you feel a rush of magic. Ethereal wings sprout from your shoulders, as well as Weasel’s.

“You can hide them by saying ‘wings off’.” the dragon explains. “Otherwise people might get jealous. Also, they only have twenty charges each since you’re sharing.”
>>
No. 1016141 ID: 6e4236

It is now time gather everyone and sing and dance around the dragon.
>>
No. 1016144 ID: afe7de

Invite everyone as is thanks tradition to do the ceremonial dance, a whole other group of bolds are in charge of that, and everyone else gets to watch and have food.
>>
No. 1016148 ID: ab862d

Partyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
>>
No. 1016149 ID: eedbeb
File 163788559543.png - (225.65KB , 1000x1100 , p45.png )
1016149

You and Weasel practice flying around the cave. The magic wings seem to have some ingrained knowledge so they’re more forgiving than you’d expect and soon you’re chasing after Weasel in the air.

You land next to the dragon who’s muttering to herself. “Thanks Meal, what comes after that? Wasn’t there a dance or something—oh shit.”
>>
No. 1016150 ID: eedbeb
File 163788561790.png - (263.29KB , 1000x1100 , p46.png )
1016150

She picks up both of you under one arm. “I have to bless this fancy ceremony outside, I’ll fly us there.”

“Ok.” you squeak, ribs a tad compressed. Weasel squirms against you and you lose the ability of coherent thought for a few minutes.
>>
No. 1016151 ID: eedbeb
File 163788563007.png - (213.19KB , 1000x1100 , p47.png )
1016151

The dragon flies out of a hole at the top of her cave, then circles around the mountain to the hill above river, where the kobolds have prepared a bonfire. You think you spot your home cave’s shine in the dark night.

The dragon drops the pair of you off a good distance away, winks, and leaps into the sky. The bonfire burns bright red and the kobolds whoop with joy.

Final choice:
-Sneak away with Weasel
-Join the celebrations
>>
No. 1016152 ID: afe7de

>>1016151
You have all the time in the world for makeouts, the thanks meal only comes once a year!

Maybe read the room, does weasel wanna go down to bone town, or just like go party, cause idk party sounds fun and ending with snuggles sounds v cute
>>
No. 1016153 ID: 96c896

Sneak away and begin the makeouts. It would not be a bad idea to get some contraception for today though.
>>
No. 1016154 ID: c0a638

Sneak away!
>>
No. 1016156 ID: 36784c

>>1016152
This.

If Weasel wants to make out, then make out. If Weasel wants to go party, then go party.
>>
No. 1016158 ID: eedbeb
File 163789081778.png - (253.35KB , 1000x1100 , p48.png )
1016158

“Do you want to go to the party?” you ask.

“If you want, I guess there’s only one a year.” she says. You can tell she’s trying to be polite.

“Or…” you start.

“Or?”

You raise the jar of oil and the strange rubber sheath the dragon slipped to you before she took off.
>>
No. 1016159 ID: eedbeb
File 163789082404.png - (212.16KB , 1000x1100 , p49.png )
1016159

Thanks for reading.
>>
No. 1016168 ID: 6e4236

Lovable quest!


Delete post []
Password