[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 162985755609.png - (220.50KB , 1000x1100 , p0.png )
1008685 No. 1008685 ID: eedbeb

This NSFW quest takes inspiration from Moot Point and CATALYST, and has a malformed hybrid setting. Slow updates because drawing bodies is difficult.

Ahpin is the main character.
-When Ahpin is alone, suggest actions for him
-When he is around others, suggest actions for them
-All sex in this quest will be consensual
Expand all images
>>
No. 1008687 ID: eedbeb
File 162985766208.png - (259.47KB , 1000x1100 , p1.png )
1008687

“Ah…”

Ahpin leans back on the bed as Maddie takes him down to the base of his dick. He’s sitting in his bedroom after a pleasant dinner and movie date, his canine girlfriend between his knees.

She starts bobbing her head and Ahpin gets a grip on her long hair.

>>
No. 1008688 ID: eedbeb
File 162985768050.png - (199.16KB , 1000x1100 , p2.png )
1008688

After a few minutes of the blowjob, he tugs her free.

“Gonna cum already?” Maddie teases, voice hoarse. She drags a finger up his spit slicked member.

“Hey that’s a sign you’re doing a good job.” Ahpin grins and scratches his ear. “Actually, I was wondering if you could answer a question, uh, I hope this isn’t cheesy, but what does sex mean to you?”

>>
No. 1008690 ID: 7324a0

Pleasure for me, and my partner.
>>
No. 1008693 ID: ce39da

"Well, sex is sex. It means many things to a lot of people... but me? To me, sex is just something I enjoy. That's not to say I'll do it with just anybody, but if it's a partner I can feel good with, and I can make that partner feel good in turn, that's all I need."
>>
No. 1008695 ID: 96c896

Sex is an art. You express affection with it, explore bodies with it, create beauty and pleasure with it.
>>
No. 1008696 ID: c92a02

Sex means I've got a high enough gamer score to impress the dudes with my sick moves. Such as this 180 nip slip
>>
No. 1008697 ID: 7c21e3

The simplest way to connect with others
>>
No. 1008698 ID: afe7de

Sex is about pleasure and fun you guess. Sometimes its about getting off on pleasing the other person too. *then give a minor complaint about how guys never give head in return nearly as long*

(cool premise to have you control others only when the protag is with them, that's gonna be neat) (Also as the guy who writes CATALYST im mega hyped, gl)
>>
No. 1008700 ID: f8fa51

If we really want to oversimplify, sex is one of the most intimate ways to have fun with someone else.
>>
No. 1008705 ID: 031458

It's not the fact that I'm gobbling down a hot dog that's important. Everyone does that.
It's who's hotdog I decide to gobble that's meaningful.
>>
No. 1008712 ID: df76b1

I want to breed a horde, to conquer the steppes and restore my rightful throne.
>>
No. 1008727 ID: 8318c6

Seconding the horde idea. Let's conquer the world.
>>
No. 1008731 ID: afe7de

>>1008712
I would revoke my original suggest, but I want to use this one for at least one person Aphin meets in the future because boy howdy would this be an amazing plot element haha.
>>
No. 1008732 ID: eedbeb
File 162993308035.png - (217.20KB , 1000x1100 , p3.png )
1008732

“Huh.” Maddie sits back and stretches her legs. “I mean, sex is fun, it’s pleasurable, it’s a way to connect with people I care about.”

Ahpin nods. “That makes sense.”

“Also forming a stable polycule is the easiest way to get a dungeon team.”

“Uh. I never really thought of it that way.”

“Apparently lots of famous adventuring parties are banging.” Maddie starts listing off teams. “The Guardians, the Awakened, that one group of sexy slimegirls…”

Ahpin shrugs helplessly.
>>
No. 1008733 ID: eedbeb
File 162993309284.png - (170.37KB , 1000x1100 , p4.png )
1008733

“Don’t worry about it man.” Maddie yawns and pats Ahpin’s foot with her paw. “I know you worry about me when I’m off leveling up my sick skills, but I got it under control.”

Should Maddie:
-Ask Ahpin to fuck her
-Ask Ahpin what he thinks about sex
-Finish the blowjob
>>
No. 1008734 ID: df76b1

B, so he can use the horde line.
>>
No. 1008735 ID: bc11b8

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT SEX AHPIN
>>
No. 1008736 ID: c92a02

Tell Aphin to think about sex.
>>
No. 1008737 ID: 0a6559

Ask him what he's thinking about, he looks uncomfortable
>>
No. 1008741 ID: f8fa51

Just ask him to fuck you.
>>
No. 1008742 ID: afe7de

ASK HIM ABOUT SEX HE SEEMS UNCOMFORTABLE
>>
No. 1008744 ID: 8318c6

B, so he can use the horde line, unironically.
>>
No. 1008747 ID: ce39da

B - "turnabout is fair play" - though I don't think we can influence his response.
>>
No. 1008748 ID: 031458

B, but when he tries to answer, finish blowjob.

Roll to gag via uncontrollable giggling at his inevitable failing lexical coherence.
>>
No. 1008771 ID: eedbeb
File 162999959306.png - (154.18KB , 1000x1100 , p5.png )
1008771

“What about you?” Maddie asks.

Ahpin sighs and gestures to Maddie to join him on the bed. They lie side by side.

“Sex is enjoyable and I love spending time with you, but I feel kind of inadequate when I hear your stories about your other partners. Not that I think you should stop seeing them or anything.” Ahpin adds hurriedly. “I’m just worried I’m boring, like, you told me you met this guy who wanted to breed an army to reclaim his rightful throne. That’s kind of insane to someone like me.”
>>
No. 1008772 ID: eedbeb
File 162999960289.png - (280.83KB , 1000x1100 , p6.png )
1008772

Maddie takes Ahpin’s hand and puts it on her boob in a comforting way.

“Babe, you’re fine. Life isn’t all orgies and adventure. Sometimes it’s nice to have something chill.”

Ahpin kisses Maddie’s snout. “Can we just cuddle tonight?”

“Sure.” Maddie slings an arm around Ahpin’s shoulder.
>>
No. 1008773 ID: eedbeb
File 162999960910.png - (200.77KB , 1000x1100 , p7.png )
1008773

Ahpin wakes up to his alarm the next morning and carefully slides out of bed where Maddie is still snoozing. He takes a moment to appreciate his girlfriend before rubbing his eyes and heading to the bathroom.

What is Ahpin’s morning routine before going to the office?
>>
No. 1008774 ID: bc11b8

jerk off while taking a shit
>>
No. 1008776 ID: c1752d

>>1008773
Do some morning physical exercises, then shower and do misc hygeine stuff, brush hair and fur while using blow-dryer, including a mild leave-in product, then dress and have a cup of coffee and some nutritious breakfast while catching up on news.
>>
No. 1008777 ID: 3ed3c3

>>1008773
Brush teeth, shower, wank.
Get dressed, grab something to eat, leave a note for Maddie.
Hit the road.
>>
No. 1008778 ID: afe7de

Brush teeth, shower, try not to think about the crushing void you feel inside of you at all times that refuses to go away
>>
No. 1008779 ID: 5fd55c

Morning dabbing practice.
>>
No. 1008783 ID: ce39da

>>1008774
Nooooooope. You're not the type to mix pleasure and relief like that - you make a point of never doing it on the toilet, in fact. You heard once how/why some people ended up being into that... and you'd honestly be a happier person if you didn't know.

Whacking in the shower's fair game, though. Don't forget to brush your teeth!
>>
No. 1008786 ID: 18f653

Text your sister Uzak on your COMM. See how she is doing. Dont expect a detailed response, she's the quiet type.

Also go shirtless today.
>>
No. 1008787 ID: 9bd42f

>>1008786
I support this.
>>
No. 1008790 ID: f8fa51

Coffee, breakfast, brush your teeth, get dressed and read video-game forums while you wait for it to be time to leave. Don't check the news, that should wait until you get home and can properly de-stress about it afterwards.
>>
No. 1008791 ID: eedbeb
File 163001417101.png - (227.58KB , 1000x1100 , p8.png )
1008791

Ahpin makes a mug of instant coffee, peels a hard boiled egg, and toasts a cinnamon purple bagel. After breakfast he brushes his teeth, jacks off in the shower, and leaves a hand drawn heart on a slip of paper next to Maddie’s pillow. While watching his girl snooze, he dabs for the extreme hype.

The nearest portal gate is two blocks from his condo. Paper sack of lunch in hand, Ahpin takes the magic tunnel to the station closest to his office building.

He greets the receptionist at the front desk and ascends to his floor.

Cepha, his coworker in the finance department, is fretting in front of the printer.
>>
No. 1008792 ID: eedbeb
File 163001421383.png - (222.69KB , 1000x1100 , p9.png )
1008792

“Something wrong?” Ahpin asks.

“Fairies got into the mana wells.” Cepha’s mouth tentacles flutter with distress. “I have to print a report with security runes but I don’t know how to remove the sprites without damaging the machine.”

Does Cepha:
-Call a (sexy) exorcist team
-Call the (less sexy) company tech support
-Other
>>
No. 1008793 ID: c92a02

Call a sexy exorcist to cast out the printer demons.
>>
No. 1008794 ID: c67337

>>1008792
Say you’ve done it dozens of times before and can fix it. In reality you’ve done it 5 times, succeeding 3/5 of those times. You think that’s good enough odds that your boss might actually like you a bit more by doing it. And Cepha might think you’re an okay dude.
>>
No. 1008795 ID: 96c896

Correct procedure is to call tech support first, since that's in-house. If they need an exorcist team they'll outsource it.
>>
No. 1008796 ID: 2aef11

Bribe them out of the printer with something even more tempting! Like contracts with poorly worded non-mutual indemnification clauses allowing assignment without review.
>>
No. 1008797 ID: f8fa51

Ahpin has described himself as "boring", which makes me think he'll call tech-support about the issue and let them handle it.
>>
No. 1008799 ID: 3ed3c3

>>1008792
Got any roach foggers? Could handle this yourself.
>>
No. 1008800 ID: 05e4a5

Ask what the fuck “PC LOAD LETTER” means and call the sexy peeps in
>>
No. 1008806 ID: 7924dc

Go to the mana well, point at the fairies, and call out to them yelling "Hey! Stop that!"
>>
No. 1008810 ID: eedbeb
File 163003446505.png - (202.10KB , 1000x1100 , p10.png )
1008810

“I think I’m going to call a local magic squad for help.” Cepha says slowly.

“Can’t you ask IT? I know they’re not as experienced with magic but they recently hired a kobold for phishing spells.”

“No.” Cepha seems to steel herself and starts tapping at her phone. “This’ll be faster and I can charge it to the company.”

Ahpin forces a smile and heads to his cubicle.
>>
No. 1008811 ID: eedbeb
File 163003447273.png - (317.99KB , 1000x1100 , p11.png )
1008811

He boots up his computer, checks his email, and is part way through a follow-up with R&D when the office door slams open.

Three strangers in matching nun outfits storm towards where Cepha is waiting by the printer. The leader, a shark girl, is trailed by a chinchilla and a cackling eldritch.

“We’re Nun’ya Business, nice to meet ya ma’am.” The shark sticks out her hand and Cepha shakes it, a blush starting on the cuttlefish’s cheeks. “Ya said you’re having a sprite problem?”

“Yes, I’m very grateful for your help.” Cepha says.
>>
No. 1008812 ID: eedbeb
File 163003447899.png - (190.72KB , 1000x1100 , p12.png )
1008812

Ahpin hunkers down at his desk and tries to ignore the flashes of light and wet smacking sounds coming from the opposite side of his thin cube wall.

“Those sprites won’t bother you anymore.” the shark says. The printer hums and starts to spit out pages.

“Oh thank you.” Cepha titters. “I’m glad my saviors were so skilled.”

“That’s not the only thing we’re skilled at.” the shark purrs.

Ahpin lets his head fall to his desk with a thud, which unfortunately doesn’t muffle the sounds of cheap nun costumes being unzipped.
>>
No. 1008814 ID: bc11b8

shark whips out her peepee while chinchilla queens cepha. the eldritch likes to watch
>>
No. 1008815 ID: c92a02

Shark girl (devoid of dick) reveals second layer of costume underneath: sexy office worker, uses disguise to avail herself of the coffee maker.
Eldritch: photocopy eldritch bum on machine to test it works now.
>>
No. 1008817 ID: 7924dc

Chinchilla: recite a prayer to the goddess in thanks for this blessed squirt
>>
No. 1008820 ID: 094652

Shark reveals she traded dicks with the Eldritch on a dare, Chinchilla blushes profusely but makes intensely detailed lewd sketches for her 'report'.
>>
No. 1008822 ID: afe7de

The costumes unzip to reveal that it was the IT department this whole time. What you expected them to have sex? In this SEX quest?
>>
No. 1008836 ID: f8fa51

Cepha leads Nun'ya Business off to a side room before things get too heavy.
>>
No. 1008856 ID: eedbeb
File 163008531803.png - (176.92KB , 1000x1100 , p13.png )
1008856

Cepha leads the shark girl and the chinchilla to a nearby meeting room that at least has a door and walls that go to the ceiling. Ahpin peeks above his cubicle to make sure they’ve gone, and puts in a pair of earbuds to drown out the moaning and recited prayers.

He feels a cold prickle up his neck and he whips around in his office chair to see the eldritch in fishnets. It chitters hysterically when he practically falls out of his seat.

“Yes? Can I help you?” Ahpin says, annoyed.
>>
No. 1008857 ID: eedbeb
File 163008532790.png - (179.30KB , 1000x1100 , p14.png )
1008857

The eldritch snickers. “You don’t wanna join them?”

“Nope, I have a girlfriend. What about you? What’s your name?”

“I’m Bob. I like to watch sometimes but I’m more here for the tasty snacks.” The eldritch grins and Ahpin notes the fairy dust on its teeth.
>>
No. 1008858 ID: eedbeb
File 163008534498.png - (176.59KB , 1000x1100 , p15.png )
1008858

Ahpin takes a moment to recall the fae development track. Stray spell particles and spirit refuse form MOTES, which can clump together to manifest a SPRITE. A sprite seeks high value sources of mana and morphs into a CHANGELING, a shapeshifter which resembles a child and is generally considered sentient.

Changelings incubate in an egg and emerge as one of three forms: ELF, SPIRIT, or ELDRITCH.

Does Bob:
-Tell Ahpin a dire prophecy of the end of the world to fuck with him
-Tell Ahpin that Maddie is in danger to fuck with him
-Steal the cat’s office supplies
>>
No. 1008859 ID: bc11b8

wonder aloud if his girlfriend is more adventurous than him. appropriate office supplies
>>
No. 1008860 ID: c77bdd

Tell him his girlfriend is in danger, then when he's distracted steal as many pens as you can pocket
>>
No. 1008861 ID: 3ed3c3

>>1008858
Why not all three?
>>
No. 1008863 ID: 8233ee

2 and 3, and maybe hint at 1 for the extra spook factor. It’s easiest to steal office supplies while the cat is panicking
>>
No. 1008864 ID: 969e8b

Tell him you can mix a love potion using printer ink and all of his paper clips.
>>
No. 1008865 ID: 4f8284

>>1008858
Say Maddie's in danger.
I mean she's an adventurer so it's usually true but what if Bob isn't just trolling and it's like super serious business, what then Ahpin!?
>>
No. 1008866 ID: afe7de

Tell him Maddie is in danger, but I feel like Aphin's gone through this so many times that he doesent panic
>>
No. 1008868 ID: f8fa51

Steal his office supplies while warning him of a dire prophecy to mess with him.
>>
No. 1008874 ID: eedbeb
File 163010830814.png - (233.02KB , 1000x1100 , p16.png )
1008874

“Wait…” Bob steps closer. “Shirtless cat, blue clothes, huge nerd, you must be Maddie’s boyfriend! I love her team, heard they’re at the Ultimate Annihilation Dungeon today getting some rare loot. Real risky place, lots of elementals.”

Bob leans forward, boxing Ahpin in. The cat isn’t particularly impressed.

“I’m not particularly impressed.” Ahpin says. “Maddie can handle herself.”

Ahpin notices Bob’s slipped its arm around the chair and is taking things off his desk.

“Stop that!”
>>
No. 1008875 ID: eedbeb
File 163010831828.png - (265.01KB , 1000x1100 , p17.png )
1008875

“Look over there! An apocalypse scenario where all the mana producing vents in the ocean shut!” Bob says, pointing wildly with one tendril and stuffing pens and paperclips into its robe with the other.

“I’m not an adventurer, that won’t work on me.” Ahpin seizes Bob by the armpits and lifts the creature bodily out of his cubicle. “Go away or I’ll leave a bad review on your team.”

Bob scurries away with its stolen loot and Ahpin sits back at his desk, turns his music up, and focuses on paperwork. For a company that makes magic washing machines, he sure has to do a lot of risk management.
>>
No. 1008876 ID: 5fd55c

Become taken aback by the unabashed faith of the nuns and become a practicing *rolls dice* Zoroastrian.
>>
No. 1008877 ID: 19a75a

So you're like a comtingency planner / legalese warning label writer? You should take stock of what he nabbed. I bet he got your stapler. You'll have to go to logistics for a new one
>>
No. 1008889 ID: 3ed3c3

After all that nonsense, let's make that bacon.
GET TO WORK!
>>
No. 1008890 ID: c92a02

What are we listening to today? A song about sex or a song about sex but via subtle innuendo?
>>
No. 1008894 ID: c109a1

>>1008877
This, but just take whatever you lost from Cepha's desk instead. S'what he gets for breaking procedure to bring these people in the first place.
>>
No. 1008895 ID: 094652

>>1008889
"This isn't working" indeed.
Do your job and then build a system that does some of your job.
>>
No. 1008897 ID: 3dd954

Since your company makes washing machines, there is bound to be one around here you can use.

Might as well throw the nuns' clothing thay they left behind in a washer to clean them up for them as thanks. Though they're going to need to go to the dryer factory across the street if the want to dry their clothes.
>>
No. 1008901 ID: f8fa51

That eldritch was clearly just messing with you, but still... just in case, call Maddie and ask how she's doing. At the very least she'll know you're thinking about her.
>>
No. 1008918 ID: eedbeb
File 163017482225.png - (251.87KB , 1000x1100 , p18.png )
1008918

Once he has a moment between emails, Ahpin takes stock of what Bob took. He’s missing several ballpoint pens, a green highlighter, and his prized stapler.

A song by famed female rapper Fizzi Drinkz that doesn’t quite fit the mood comes on shuffle:

Step on his dick with my five inch heels,
He says please and thank you for the meal
Hoes don’t know how to treat a man
Fuck his ass and send him to the can

>>
No. 1008919 ID: eedbeb
File 163017483229.png - (176.37KB , 1000x1100 , p19.png )
1008919

Once Cepha returns to her office, Ahpin accosts her for a replacement stapler. The cuttlefish has bite marks up her neck and is positively glowing.

Peace of mind restored, Ahpin spends several hours working on the macros that’ll help automate the accounts approval process while plotting vague washer related revenge on the nuns.
>>
No. 1008920 ID: eedbeb
File 163017484674.png - (220.85KB , 1000x1100 , p20.png )
1008920

Ahpin starts to worry once the productive hours of the day have faded and he’s thumbing through his phone at his desk. Maddie always sends him a text after lunch, usually just a heart or a smiley face, but a couple hours have passed without a message.

Bob’s words add fuel to the gnawing concern. Elementals are hard to deal with, no matter how experienced a party is. A type of spirit, elementals range from benign Helium to extremely radioactive Uranium. Even more common elementals like Oxygen have to be extensively warded against or they’ll start leeching the breathable air from the surroundings.
>>
No. 1008922 ID: e51896

Take a 15 minute break to ease your mind. Go to the break room, and break something, because, you know... that's what your supposed to do in the break room, break something.

Maybe there is someone to talk to in the room as well.
>>
No. 1008923 ID: c92a02

She's probably fine, that healer she adventures with looked like he wanted to get in her pocket real hard.
>>
No. 1008924 ID: 2f6ee3

>>1008920
Just text her bro
>>
No. 1008928 ID: afe7de

Go to the break room and break the magically reconstructing toaster they have in there for you to break things. You don’t really get why you have a mandated 15 minute BREAK period where you have to break a thing but damn if it isn’t cathartic.

Oh and just shoot her a text you know it’s too distracting to call her during a dungeon run.
>>
No. 1008929 ID: f8fa51

Text her, ask her if everything's okay.
>>
No. 1008947 ID: eedbeb
File 163020187137.png - (189.21KB , 1000x1100 , p21.png )
1008947

Ahpin shakes his head and makes a beeline for the break room, where he smashes cheap porcelain plates until he feels better. Like casual sex and therapy, the break room is company funded for mental health purposes, scientifically proven to increase productivity.

On the trip home, Ahpin texts Maddie a discrete question about their next date, a soft probe into whether she’s alive. He stuffs his phone in his jeans pocket and tries not to think about someone’s hemoglobin being torn from their body.

What is Ahpin’s evening routine?
>>
No. 1008952 ID: df76b1

Crossbow Lessons
Ramen dinner
get a tattoo
sex with a pirate
>>
No. 1008959 ID: 53adba

15:00 Dancing practice

20:00 Evening dab

21:00 Evening meal

21:30 Night peeing excersices

23:15 Maintenance rituals

23:45 Free space

00:00 Rest period









Evening meal
>>
No. 1008961 ID: e51896

Visit the bar called Nutz, because that place is super nuts!

the bartender toad named Gordan who works there is pretty confident and chill. You trust him with not spilling the beans about your concerns happening in your life.
>>
No. 1008965 ID: c92a02

He goes directly home and cries himself to sleep, if alone.
>>
No. 1008971 ID: afe7de

I like going to the NUTZ to drink and dance. It's not an every day occurrence, but you do it on days you're feeling worried about Maddie, and days when you just want to hang out, okay you probably go there more then you should.
>>
No. 1008990 ID: eedbeb
File 163025115502.png - (194.87KB , 1000x1100 , p22.png )
1008990

The temptation to cry himself to sleep is quite strong, but Ahpin makes a quick dinner instead from a pricier variety of instant ramen noodles. He adds vegetables, a sheet of seaweed, and one of his hard boiled eggs.

Warm broth sloshing in his stomach, Ahpin makes a quick stop at the gym in his building that comes with built-in combat facilities and sends a few dozen rounds of crossbow bolts into a foam target. The repetitive motion gets boring and Ahpin heads for the tavern down the street.
>>
No. 1008991 ID: eedbeb
File 163025116219.png - (213.88KB , 1000x1100 , p23.png )
1008991

Nutz is a medieval style pub with good fries and homebrewed moonshine. Sturdy wood beams support the tall ceiling and Gordon, the toad bartender, slides steins of foamy beer to casual patrons and foreign adventurers who look like they’re fresh from a battle.

Ahpin comes here more often than he should, though he only has one or two drinks and leaves promptly before bedtime. To his annoyance, he spots the Nun’yas in casual clothes eating in the corner.

Does Ahpin:
-Mope at the bar
-Talk to the adventurers
-Talk to the Nuns
>>
No. 1008994 ID: bc11b8

mope at the bar, you've earned your pint
>>
No. 1008995 ID: b9c371

Impress the ladies by shotting Gordon's fake moustache clear off with a crossbow shot.....again.
>>
No. 1008996 ID: ac75a5

You were about to mope at the counter when you realize Gordan is naked under that apron for some reason. You decide to not ask questions and instead talk to the adventurers.
>>
No. 1008997 ID: 3ed3c3

>>1008991
Time to mope because life is short, cruel, and ultimately futile!
>>
No. 1009011 ID: c92a02

Ask about the nuns' business.
>>
No. 1009032 ID: f8fa51

You don't really want to think about the nuns, but you like hanging out with adventurers even if you don't want to be one. Talk to the adventurers.
>>
No. 1009033 ID: eedbeb
File 163028038660.png - (200.13KB , 1000x1100 , p24.png )
1009033

>Mope at the bar

Today started promising and got worse as it went. Ahpin gets Gordon’s attention and orders a pint of hearty ale that’s akin to drinking bread.

Gordon notices the cat’s forlorn expression and stops wiping glasses to lean over the bar.

“Something bothering you, son?”
>>
No. 1009034 ID: eedbeb
File 163028039392.png - (190.57KB , 1000x1100 , p25.png )
1009034

“Life is short, cruel, and ultimately futile.” Ahpin grumbles.

“Maddie gone adventuring again?” Gordon says good naturedly before lowering his voice. “Have you told her you’re ace yet?”

Ahpin glares at Gordon so hard that the bartender’s moustache falls off.

“Sorry.” Ahpin mutters while Gordon hastily tries to stick the fake hair back on his upper lip. He would have made a good mage but he got an accounting degree instead.
>>
No. 1009036 ID: e51896

tell Ahpin the drink is half off to cheer him up. Let him know not to focus on the bad aspects of life, and look for the good, maybe recommend he take a vacation with Maddie.
>>
No. 1009040 ID: 3ed3c3

>>1009034
How are you even supposed to approach her about it? Society is so sexually liberated and here you are as ace as a deck of cards.
>>
No. 1009041 ID: ce39da

"I mean... there's probably a reason you put up with it. Clearly something going on up here," point at your chest, then down at your crotch, "even if nothing's happening down here. Not a great look to keep her in the dark about it, though."
>>
No. 1009042 ID: bc11b8

Ask him why he doesn't just go adventuring too? He's definitely got some kind of magic going on.
>>
No. 1009044 ID: 2f6ee3

Suggest that if Ahpin can't fit in here he could always try an alternate dimension.
>>
No. 1009087 ID: eedbeb
File 163033852601.png - (220.86KB , 1000x1100 , p26.png )
1009087

“Lad,” says Gordon gently. “The longer you go without telling her, the worse the resentment will get. That lass cares about you, she won’t be upset.”

Ahpin groans. “You’re right, I almost told her yesterday but I chickened out because I was scared she’d dump me. And now today she went to the Ultimate Annihilation Dungeon.” Ahpin tugs at his hair. “People actually die there and she hasn’t been responding to messages. I might never see her again.”

Gordon taps the bar. “Have that drink on me and try not to focus on the worst case scenario.”
>>
No. 1009088 ID: eedbeb
File 163033853329.png - (261.81KB , 1000x1100 , p27.png )
1009088

The toad returns to his barkeep duties and Ahpin sips his beer.

A hand slaps Ahpin in the small of the back, making him choke and start coughing into his elbow.

“Strong mana signature you got.” says a short but absolutely shredded hummingbird. “Heard you mention the Ultimate Annihilation Dungeon, we could use a mage to check out the first level tomorrow.” A lean snake next to the hummingbird with a longsword strapped to his back nods.

“I’m not a—“ Ahpin cuts himself off. Maddie’s in the dungeon, and going in there after her is a risky but plausible idea.
>>
No. 1009089 ID: eedbeb
File 163033854387.png - (214.36KB , 1000x1100 , p28.png )
1009089

“I’m not a mage.” he says carefully. “But I’d like to come with you and I’ll help find a real mage.”

“Great! I’ll buy us some pints.” the hummingbird says.

“It’s really fine—“

“It’s been hard to find folks to go on side quests.” The snake hisses. “Most people are worried about the mana vents in the ocean closing.”

What are the adventurers’ names? How do they find a mage?
>>
No. 1009090 ID: 769807

The snake is named Eldoon
>>
No. 1009091 ID: bc11b8

Tiddlywinks and Big Mamba, and they'll go looking for a mage by... ... looking for the biggest hat and flashiest Wizard robes around.
>>
No. 1009093 ID: d052fd

Well, Ahpin knows who the mages are, because he has to deal with a lot of support calls from the local mages whenever they accidentally leave magic items in their pockets when they wash their clothes. He recognizes some of the frequent offenders on sight by now, but has to wrestle with the ethical ramifications of potentially violating their privacy if he points them out.

Helga Pegsemall the hummingbird and Ssarsassossek Sessameseed the snake are unaware of this and were planning on finding mages by offering drinks to people with strong magical signatures in bars. Bonus points if the mage they find denies being a mage at all, because they're genre-savvy enough to know that's what all the best mages do (They are probably wrong about this).
>>
No. 1009094 ID: bc11b8

Oh, that's a good idea. The best mages are the absent minded ones, and you've had to field calls from people so absent-mindedly magically potent the very devices they work with just malfunction in their presence...
>>
No. 1009095 ID: 3ed3c3

>>1009089
Dupré (bird) and Talbot (snake).
>>
No. 1009096 ID: 3ed3c3

>>1009095
Where do mages hang out? Is there an adventurer social app where you could find one? A local magical college you could find one?
>>
No. 1009099 ID: afe7de

You know a few mages from work. There’s one in particular that keeps calling you specifically bc you do good work. They always try to ask you out, but you keep putting it off. Maybe this time you’ll accept their offer on the condition they help
>>
No. 1009101 ID: d4fcec

Lazy Snusan the snake and Myron Pecks the hummingbird. They find a mage by performing a summoning ritual really badly and waiting for someone to correct them.
>>
No. 1009103 ID: eedbeb
File 163035067988.png - (254.53KB , 1000x1100 , p29.png )
1009103

“I’m Tiddlywinks, Winks for short, and this is Eldoon.” says the bird after she gives Gordon her order. “We’re both all-rounders, though I’m better at stealth for obvious reasons.”

“Nice to meet you, I’m Ahpin, I work for Magilux Washers and Dryers. What have you guy tried so far?”

Eldoon sits at the bar and Winks hops up next to him. “We started by looking for someone with the biggest hat and flashiest robes, but wise old wizards are a pain to deal with. Then we visited a college’s job fair, but kids these days don’t want to start with the high level stuff.”
>>
No. 1009104 ID: eedbeb
File 163035070122.png - (200.99KB , 1000x1100 , p30.png )
1009104

Ahpin considers the problem over a swig of beer. Customer support deals with a lot of mages who leave magical items in their pockets when using the machine, which neutralizes magic signatures. He could probably pull up a list but that would be violating people’s privacy.

The thought of work reminds Ahpin that a new kobold mage was just hired in IT. He’s seen her once in the halls and thought she was cute. The company offers PTO for short adventures since the call seems to strike everyone eventually.

“There’s someone I can ask from my work. Can we meet here tomorrow?” he asks.

“Sure, sounds great. We’ll bring equipment but you should take whatever weapons or supplies you want.” chirps Wink.

Ahpin exchanges numbers with the adventurers, finishes his single pint, and heads home.
>>
No. 1009106 ID: bc11b8

Go and hit up that magebold. Grab a backpack with the usual good stuff; iron ration, spikes, small hammer, lantern, oil... sword, torch, backup dagger, helmet
>>
No. 1009113 ID: 43f289

Watch some television when you get home, maybe that show about solving math equations will come on.
>>
No. 1009116 ID: ce39da

Maybe search around the instant online delivery sites for something that can act as a big ol' "fuck you in particular" to elementals? N-no reason.
>>
No. 1009123 ID: eedbeb
File 163037099940.png - (161.11KB , 1000x1100 , p31.png )
1009123

The magnitude of Ahpin’s folly hits him hard that night and he compensates by reading every manual on adventuring he can find and going to the supply shop for rations, a lantern, new crossbow, torch, dagger, and helmet.

From what he can gather, the first floor of the three level dungeon isn’t too bad, mostly gases and changelings. There’s a colony of elves on the second level and heavier elementals on the third.

Unable to sleep from the adrenaline, the cat watches television until his alarm wakes him from a doze.
>>
No. 1009124 ID: eedbeb
File 163037100654.png - (210.43KB , 1000x1100 , p32.png )
1009124

Ahpin carries his heavy bag all the way to work. He’s in shape, but his back gets uncomfortably sweaty on the short trip, a dire omen of the trip head.

IT is on the first floor. Ahpin adjusts his bag and spots the kobold bending over a tangle of cords. He averts his eyes when he sees that her bottom half is naked.

“Oh hi!” the kobold says. “You’re in finance, right? Need something fixed?”

“No, uh—“

“Vivian.”

“No Vivian, I was actually wondering if you’d like to come adventuring for the day? Me and some adventurers I met are going to the Ultimate Annihilation dungeon and we could use someone who knows magic.” Ahpin says.

What does Vivian think of Ahpin?
>>
No. 1009125 ID: e7a903

She's been secretly crushing on him, but doesn't know he's already dating (or doesn't understand why that would be a problem if he was).
>>
No. 1009126 ID: c92a02

They were always in the same class together as kids, but Aphin senpai never noticed her. And now he asks her to go adventuring? Dream come true.
>>
No. 1009127 ID: 762417

She has a big crush on him but either has asked Aphin out several times which he thought was jokes, or never had the courage to ask him. She’ll ask for a favor to go with and that’s that Aphin goes on one date with her
>>
No. 1009128 ID: bc11b8

>>1009127
this
>>
No. 1009129 ID: c8996f

She can sense the high mana on Aphin and thinks he's actually a really powerful mage and wants to learn from him. She's also has a massive crush on him.
>>
No. 1009130 ID: eedbeb
File 163038018411.png - (152.01KB , 1000x1100 , p33.png )
1009130

“I’d love to go!” Vivian gushes. “Wow, Ahpin, this is, wow. I didn’t know you were an adventurer, that’s so cool.”

The sleep deprivation is starting to catch up to the cat, but years of evading group sex gave Ahpin strong instincts as to whether someone is interested in him and the kobold was practically broadcasting her crush.

What made beautiful women show interest in him? Was it the pants? If she managed to spit it out he’d turn her down but in the meantime Ahpin was going to try not to think about dying in a hydrogen gas explosion.
>>
No. 1009131 ID: eedbeb
File 163038019513.png - (160.41KB , 1000x1100 , p34.png )
1009131

“Great.” says Ahpin. “Glad you’re coming. Well, they said they’d have supplies and we won’t be there too long so let’s go.”

Blushing kobold in tow, Ahpin leads the way to the Nutz, where Wink and Eldoon are enjoying an early schooner.
>>
No. 1009132 ID: eedbeb
File 163038020349.png - (306.45KB , 1000x1100 , p35.png )
1009132

The gang heads from the tavern to the nearest gate station which spits them out at the edge of the city. After a short walk through a grassy field, the ground becomes rockier, culminating in an ominous, boulder lined pit in the ground.
>>
No. 1009133 ID: c92a02

Everybody brought rope, right? Tiddlywinks flexes down there to scout it out.
>>
No. 1009134 ID: bc11b8

Tiddlywinks, do your scouting bit. Eldoon, make vague allusions to sexy adventuring times.
>>
No. 1009135 ID: 36784c

>>1009132
Because no one is wearing shoes, everyone gets sharp pointy rocks jabbing their feet!

……well, maybe Eldoon and Vivian are immune to the pointy rocks, depending on how tough their scales are.
>>
No. 1009136 ID: f8fa51

>years of evading group sex

Ahpin really needs to just tell his girlfriend he's ace. Here's hoping he'll get an opportunity to.

It sounds like you should all stick together to avoid the danger of changelings. Is there any magic Vivian knows to detect dangerous gasses? What you guys really need is a mining safety test lamp, the kind with a wire mesh that cools the air passing it, preventing it from igniting gasses but allowing it to be used to detect the presence of said gasses.
>>
No. 1009137 ID: 83b68a

Vivian should fill the rest of the group in on her magical powers, while tiddlywinks scouts ahead
>>
No. 1009138 ID: c8996f

step one for an party, everyone should explain their basic capabilities.
>>
No. 1009139 ID: 7416ed

Tiddlywinks should scout, maybe everyone talks about how they hate pants but Aphin LOVES pants.
>>
No. 1009142 ID: e51896

Someone should throw a rock down that pit. Why? I don't know.
>>
No. 1009147 ID: ce39da

Winks is warned about gases, then heads down to scout, maybe arming herself with a wet face-covering.

Her size isn't her only advantage; there's a purpose behind a hummingbird's natural mass-to-size ratio.

Winks is SPEED.

And yeah, Vivian should prolly inform the others about what she can actually do.
>>
No. 1009154 ID: eedbeb
File 163043669465.png - (151.42KB , 1000x1100 , p36.png )
1009154

“Before we go in, let’s review everyone’s abilities.” says Eldoon. “I can do minor illumination spells and I have an enchanted sword. Good at sensing heat signatures and immune to most poisons.”

Winks hops forward. “I’m a brawler, but I’m also proficient in short range weapons. Same on the basic spells and I can fly and move really fast when I’m not hungry.”

“Let’s see, erm, my specialty is digital spells but I can cast mana detection, fireball, basic healing, magic ward, and telekinesis.” Vivian stammers.

Everyone looks at Ahpin.

“I can use a crossbow so-so.” the cat says.
>>
No. 1009155 ID: eedbeb
File 163043670251.png - (156.68KB , 1000x1100 , p37.png )
1009155

Winks heads into the craggy depths, light spell on her head growing faint as she descends.

Eldoon turns to the kobold. “Vivian, Winks and I are only planning to explore the first level, if Ahpin wants to keep going you can go with him or come back with us.”

“Okay.” Vivian pulls herself straighter. “I’ll see what I think, I’ve never been to a dungeon like this before.”
>>
No. 1009156 ID: eedbeb
File 163043672863.png - (184.21KB , 1000x1100 , p38.png )
1009156

Winks returns after maybe ten minutes, feathers sparkling with motes.

“The entrance opens into a three way corridor.” the bird puffs. “The ground gets smoother and things get brighter as it goes. This place is loaded with mana.”

“You didn’t see any spirits?” Ahpin asks.

“Nope, though there were a couple sprites flying around.”

Ahpin lights his lantern and follows Winks as she leads the group to the aforementioned corridor. The tall ceiling is loaded with multicolored flecks of light and Ahpin hears a distant buzzing.

There are three paths: right, left, and forward. There’s a neat stone sign on the left path, reading ‘bathroom’ and the right path seems cleaner than the others.
>>
No. 1009157 ID: 094652

"Secure the bathroom. All negotiations go smoother when you hold a monopoly on relief."
>>
No. 1009158 ID: be8c6a

You’ve been up forever and hopped up on coffee right? Maybe take a quick restroom break?
>>
No. 1009163 ID: 306369

The toilet inside is a mimic!
>>
No. 1009165 ID: c92a02

investigate bathroom. It's probably full of spiders.
>>
No. 1009167 ID: f8fa51

Take the cleaner path. It's probably better-travelled, which probably means safer.
>>
No. 1009173 ID: eedbeb
File 163045962388.png - (156.11KB , 1000x1100 , p39.png )
1009173

“Do they usually have bathrooms in dungeons?” Vivian asks. “I can see the benefit, you know, to keep things hygienic.”

“I wouldn’t expect a dungeon like this to have one, since it isn’t as popular. Usually the Adventurers’ Guild builds the latrines.” Eldoon says uncertainly.

The group gives a collective shrug and heads to the left to investigate the claims of the sign. After walking along sculpted rock walls for five minutes the corridor opens into a gleaming marble cavern. What’s clearly a sink with a constant stream of water emerging from the faucet curves along an outcropping of rock. Next to it is a standard ceramic toilet.
>>
No. 1009174 ID: eedbeb
File 163045963564.png - (197.30KB , 1000x1100 , p40.png )
1009174

The sound of running water reminds Ahpin that the morning was several cups of coffee ago.
“I need to take a piss. Could you guys step around the corner?” Ahpin says.

“No problem. Let me just…” Winks jabs the toilet with her fists and slams the bowl with an uppercut. “Not a mimic. We’ll go a bit further to see where this corridor goes and then double back.”

The buzzing seems louder when the others are gone. Ahpin hurries to catch up when he’s done and finds the party at another fork. There’s a strange popping sound up ahead and no noise coming from the right.
>>
No. 1009175 ID: 2f6ee3

>>1009174
Go through the middle path, towards the noise.
>>
No. 1009176 ID: 6b202c

Investigate noise with the boys
>>
No. 1009182 ID: eedbeb
File 163046417891.png - (189.47KB , 1000x1100 , p41.png )
1009182

The sporadic popping noise gets louder as Ahpin trudges through the tunnel. The air is fresh and cool, but he still feels claustrophobic.

Ahpin notices that Eldoon is sketching on a piece of paper.

“I’m keeping track of where we are.” the snake explains. “The walls are curving so I think the paths might connect to each other.”
>>
No. 1009183 ID: eedbeb
File 163046418572.png - (267.62KB , 1000x1100 , p42.png )
1009183

Rushing water joins the sound of small explosions as the party comes to another open space.

There are two elementals bickering above the running water, an underground stream that must feed the bathroom. Whenever one gets too close to the other, there’s a sharp bang and a brief flash of light.

“I can’t believe you fucked an adventurer!” says the lavender moth.

The blue mantis scoffs. “What, jealous?”

“You know we’re not supposed to talk to them! If they start thinking this place is safe they’ll be swarming all over.”
>>
No. 1009185 ID: 9d289f

Ask if it was Maddie
>>
No. 1009186 ID: bc11b8

blue mantis: and look what's coming around the corner but a whole quartet of potential conquests. time to work that elemental charm
>>
No. 1009187 ID: c92a02

Pink moth: Think you're a lot scarier looking than you actually are.
>>
No. 1009188 ID: 094652

Study them to determine which elements they are, then knock them out. Ask where your girlfriend is.
>>
No. 1009189 ID: f8fa51

I'm not sure what two elements spontaneously explode. I'm aware of Na-group elements violently reacting in the presence of water, but water is a compound.

Adventurers have an education in elementals, right? Do any of you guys know what they could be?
>>
No. 1009190 ID: 894419

Blue elemental, fixate on the mysterious and attractive piece of apparel affixed to the blue adventurer. Pink elemental threaten everyone who just came in with violence
>>
No. 1009194 ID: 3ed3c3

>>1009183
"Y'know, you may not want that sort of info leaking. Just a thought."
>>
No. 1009195 ID: e51896

Also, lavender moth should ask Blue Manits if she at least bit the adventurer's head off after fucking, because she is a mantis after all.
>>
No. 1009196 ID: fd33b5

Everyone should talk about how pants are sexy and mysterious and Aphin should groan and try to just walk away in embarrassment
>>
No. 1009214 ID: ce39da

Eldoon: "I mean, if this is just your house or something, there's people you can talk to about de-officiating this place as a dungeon."
>>
No. 1009236 ID: eedbeb
File 163052752979.png - (251.74KB , 1000x1100 , p43.png )
1009236

Winks clears her throat and the elementals flinch and slowly turn to look at the adventurers.

"See? We already have more." the moth says in a stage whisper. "The elves are going to flip and Dusty hates cleaning up after them."

"You're pent up. If you got laid you'd feel better."

"Great elementals, we apologize for intruding in your home." Eldoon says. "Our companion is looking for his friend who was one of the adventurers from earlier. Ahpin, could you describe her?"

Ahpin's mouth is fixed in a silent scream as he stares at the spirits.
>>
No. 1009237 ID: eedbeb
File 163052756085.png - (209.40KB , 1000x1100 , p44.png )
1009237

The moth presses her advantage. She soars across the water to flutter irately above the group. "Scram! Shoo!"

The mantis joins her. "Don't be like that, this blue one's cute. I like his pants."

Ahpin does an abrupt 180 degree turn and walks back out the way he came.

"Well." says the mantis. "This snake is cute too." She elbows the moth and the resulting detonation knocks over Vivian. "C'mon, have some fun."

Ahpin and the group have been separated, please suggest for both.
>>
No. 1009243 ID: bc11b8

group: descend into debauchery. just act like absolute animals. dicks out everywhere. except for vivian, see what's got ahpin acting so unlike himself?

ahpin: get some you time, walk away from that crazy shit and have a breather.
>>
No. 1009245 ID: 582604

Ahpin: just go along the other direction at the last fork, heading towards the center. The elementals all but stated this place is safe so you can just look for your gf on your own.
>>
No. 1009246 ID: c8996f

Aphin: take a nap, you need it

Group: lets get this moth some well needed release
>>
No. 1009247 ID: c92a02

Vivian: find Aphin. Eldoon: boff the moff. Winks: ask why they keep exploding when they touch.
Aphin: see if one of the paths doesn’t double back.
>>
No. 1009248 ID: 27d6e2

Vivian: follow Ahpin, you're concerned.
>>
No. 1009250 ID: d052fd

Moff may be a Potassium elemental. Boffing usually involves lots of water-based fluids. Maybe don't boff the moff?
>>
No. 1009252 ID: f8fa51

Ahpin: It's not like they focused on you or anything. Maybe your companions will deal with them and you can just slink back, kind of embarrassed for running away?

Vivian: Check on Ahpin.
>>
No. 1009255 ID: 07cb18

Viv check on Aphin that response is concerning
>>
No. 1009257 ID: ce39da

Eldoon: Stop Viv from going after Ahpin - the wizard's probably the only one with even a shot at hurting one or both of these elementals should things turn south - but do send Winks after him in her stead.
>>
No. 1009269 ID: eedbeb
File 163054325652.png - (205.78KB , 1000x1100 , p45.png )
1009269

Ahpin heads back to the last fork to wait. He puts down his pack and rests against the wall in the hallway that goes to the center of the circular dungeon floor.

The adrenaline from facing an oxygen and a hydrogen elemental simultaneously wears off after a few minutes, leaving him with a mild headache. Ahpin slumps against the hard stone and closes his eyes. A short nap couldn’t hurt.

Despite the awful buzzing, the cat falls asleep.
>>
No. 1009270 ID: eedbeb
File 163054326699.png - (236.47KB , 1000x1100 , p46.png )
1009270

The moth hesitates, then lowers herself in front of Eldoon.

“I’m Holly.” she says stiffly.

The snake dips his head. “Lovely to meet you, Holly. Please, direct me how you see fit.”
>>
No. 1009271 ID: eedbeb
File 163054328938.png - (242.46KB , 1000x1100 , p47.png )
1009271

While Holly warms up to Eldoon, Winks rummages around in her bag. The mantis drifts closer to get a better look.

“You want a piece of this?” Winks asks, unveiling an enormous strap-on and a battery operated vibrator.

“Fuck yeah. I’m Olive by the way.”

“Winks.”

“Take off any metal you’re wearing or it’ll rust.” Olive says. “The guy from earlier was pissed when I oxidized his magic axe.”

“Um, I’m gonna go check on Ahpin.” Vivian says, blushing fiercely. The kobold slowly backs away from the preparations.
>>
No. 1009272 ID: eedbeb
File 163054329762.png - (189.86KB , 1000x1100 , p48.png )
1009272

Once Vivian is out of earshot, she casts her detection spell to find Ahpin. The cat has a vibrant mana signature, and the spell picks it up immediately.

She traces his steps back towards the bathroom. The background buzz of sprites reaches a fever pitch as she finds Ahpin tucked away against the rock, unresponsive.

The cat is absolutely covered in the small creatures, his candy blue mana heavy in their abdomen sacks. Some look part way into morphing into changelings.
>>
No. 1009273 ID: c92a02

Vivian: Make Aphin look like a printer ink disaster and squash those sprites.
>>
No. 1009274 ID: bc11b8

slap those motherfuckers! our man is in trouble!
>>
No. 1009275 ID: c8996f

They're sucking the juices out of your man, make them suffer
>>
No. 1009283 ID: 39c390

Shoo them away high mana signatures squashed near a body could cause damage to his system. Maybe snag one to give him a reverse transfusion if mana is like blood.
>>
No. 1009305 ID: 894419

splat the wasps before they become a lot more dangerous
>>
No. 1009312 ID: eedbeb
File 163059131758.png - (240.72KB , 1000x1100 , p49.png )
1009312

Vivian coats her hands in fire and beats her way through the swarm. The fae pupae shatter against the magic and splatter mana across the ground.

The other sprites buzz around frantically. Some feast on their fallen kin and others latch onto Vivian’s back. She feels them start to drain her mana.

Two changelings are crouched over Ahpin’s chest. They hiss at her, and the noise makes Ahpin grunt and stir.
>>
No. 1009313 ID: eedbeb
File 163059132841.png - (122.71KB , 1000x1100 , p50.png )
1009313

“That’s good, right there.” Holly sighs, grinding her pelvis into Eldoon’s face. The snake lifts the elemental up with his hands to take a deep breath, then dives back in.

Winks and Olive are sprawled panting on the floor.

“One more?” Winks asks.

“Why not.” Olive says.

>>
No. 1009314 ID: eedbeb
File 163059134389.png - (218.48KB , 1000x1100 , p51.png )
1009314

“Ahpin! Are you okay?” Vivian claws at her back but can’t reach the sprites.

“Wuh? You guys done already?” Ahpin groans. He rubs his eyes and takes in the streaks of color and the changelings in his lap.

“Wuh?” one mimics. The other grows a pair of cat ears.
>>
No. 1009315 ID: 094652

Welp.

Stuff the kids in your inventory or whatever.
>>
No. 1009316 ID: 5e3c0b

Dual wield changelings to slap the sprites off Vivian’s back.
>>
No. 1009318 ID: d052fd

Ahpin: you freak out at the sprites on Vivian's back, jump up and run towards her in the hopes that your useless flailing can get rid of them.

Vivian: you attempt to crush the sprites on your back by falling over backwards, but time it poorly with Ahpin's leap up and accidentally trip him on top of you.

Eldoon: she says "right there," you keep going right there, but if your head starts spinning you gotta apologize and push her off to breathe. It might not be the sexiest move but neither is passing out from breathing too much hydrogen.
>>
No. 1009319 ID: e7c7d3

Changelings: Try to nurse off of your new papa Ahpin
>>
No. 1009320 ID: c504e6

>>1009316
Changeling: punch the sprites as Ahpin does this
>>
No. 1009324 ID: eedbeb
File 163062053707.png - (245.00KB , 1000x1100 , p52.png )
1009324

Ahpin stares at the changelings, which stare back.

"Hungwy." says the talkative one, reaching its hands for Ahpin's arm.

Ahpin is struck by generations of perfected evolutionary paternal instincts, which hit like a punch from an iron elemental. He gapes at the changelings as they nibble at his skin, sucking mana from his body.

It doesn’t feel like anything. If he were a mage he’d probably be able to detect the change in his mana, but Ahpin is blissfully ignorant.
>>
No. 1009325 ID: eedbeb
File 163062055070.png - (255.00KB , 1000x1100 , p53.png )
1009325

"Can you help me get these off?" Vivian asks.

"Oh yeah, sorry!" Ahpin gently picks up the changelings and moves them to the floor, then scrambles towards the kobold.

Vivian tries to crush the sprites on her back at the same time Ahpin slips on a puddle of mana. They collide in a tangle of limbs and the changelings chow down on the dislodged sprites.
>>
No. 1009326 ID: eedbeb
File 163062057911.png - (215.21KB , 1000x1100 , p54.png )
1009326

Eldoon lifts Holly off of him again.

"Getting dizzy." he gasps.

Holly floats above the snake while he recovers, then sinks onto his dick. The snake shivers.

“Too cold?” Holly says. “Better get me off fast then.”

>>
No. 1009331 ID: c8996f

Eldoon : show her Holly skilled you are with your "sword"

Vivian : panic and make sure Aphin is okay
>>
No. 1009332 ID: 894419

Aphin: internalize your new life with these infant changelings who are definitely too cute to ever kill. Also try to avoid any lewd situations with viv.

Vivian: Panic, but make no attempt to avoid lewd situations with Aphin during the confusion

Eldoon: I hope you can handle the cold, because now is the time to stick your dick in that.
>>
No. 1009336 ID: c92a02

Vivian: Lose glasses.
Aphin: These aren't my glasses!
>>
No. 1009337 ID: e51896

Changelings: go outside the dungeon and play tag or something for awhile as Alpin and Vivian sort this out. Dungeon is too dangerous for them.
>>
No. 1009339 ID: afe7de

Changelings: Run away but hide in a corner because Vivian is trying to scare them off

Vivian: Try to shoo them off and explain how changelings are actually really bad mana vampires that kill kin who don't DO something about it or avoid them. Even the well intentioned ones.

Eldoon: Be skilled with *sword* and do the adventuring thing and pierce her with it.
>>
No. 1009343 ID: 8233ee

Aphin: Carry around the changelings on your shoulders like a dad at an amusement park.

Eldoon: Think of the cute nerdy kobold to keep your heart warm. Scream her name, Holly won't mind.

Vivian: Be the horny stereotype that you were made to be and ruin this mans whole career with hips and lips that grip.
>>
No. 1009357 ID: eedbeb
File 163068384507.png - (264.93KB , 1000x1100 , p55.png )
1009357

Eldoon blinks then turns his head to where Winks is cuddled in Olive’s long arms. “Pass the vibrator.”

“She likes a frequency of 4401 and 4161 inverse centimeters.” the mantis supplies helpfully.

“Eh?” says Eldoon. Winks tosses the vibrator and he snatches it out of the air with his tail.

Holly pinches the bridge of her snout. “Olive, they don’t know about vibrational frequencies.”

“But you do like it.”

“Yes but I don’t think a stick of plastic can—never mind.”
>>
No. 1009358 ID: eedbeb
File 163068385772.png - (289.73KB , 1000x1100 , p56.png )
1009358

Vivian ends up straddling Ahpin’s side, breasts pressed against his shoulder.

“Sorry!” the kobold says, making no attempt to move. “Are you sure you feel okay? You lost a ton of mana.”

“Literally don’t feel a difference.” Ahpin says. He makes clucking noises at the changelings and they scamper towards him.

“Go away.” Vivian growls at the creatures.

“What? No, those are my kids.” Ahpin says. “I’m a father now. This is the best day of my life. We are going to play catch and go camping and attend a ball game.”
>>
No. 1009359 ID: eedbeb
File 163068388333.png - (193.40KB , 1000x1100 , p57.png )
1009359

“You were afraid of the nice elementals but you’re not scared of these mana vampires?” Vivian asks incredulously.

“I’m hungwy papa.” says the changeling, mouth streaked with red.

“I would die for you.” says Ahpin without missing a beat.

Vivian sighs. Ahpin is being awfully cute but she doesn’t want those little gremlins near her. She shifts her hips and, with great regret, stands up. The changelings clamber on Ahpin’s shoulders and start gnawing on his ears.

Ahpin and Vivian can explore or wait for Winks and Eldoon, who will be done shortly. Suggest names for the changelings.
>>
No. 1009360 ID: d052fd

Vivian: suggest Chuck and Barry, because you want to throw them away and dump them in a hole (don't say that last part out loud.)

Winks: helpfully demonstrate what a 4300 inverse cm vibration looks like for Eldoon.
>>
No. 1009362 ID: 8233ee

Aphin: Scoop up the mana goo and put it in a sippy cup for the kids, they look like they need a snac. Don't think about how sticky the floor is or what it looks like under a UV light. Hopefully by the time you're done everyone else will be finished collecting their goo too.
>>
No. 1009363 ID: 094652

Vivian: Academically list the long-term dangers of these changeling leeches.
Changelings: Eat enough to egg.
>>
No. 1009364 ID: 9d5a0c

Phina and Naphi. Keep exploring while the others keep the elementals busy.
>>
No. 1009365 ID: bc11b8

Rhinestone and Sapphire.
>>
No. 1009367 ID: eedbeb
File 163070263822.png - (236.67KB , 1000x1100 , p58.png )
1009367

Ahpin empties a water bottle and collects as much mana goo as he can for later while Vivian hovers nervously nearby.

“You know, they use these things to drain the mana out of people so they can’t be mages anymore.” she says.

“Do you think Naphi is a good name? Too narcissistic?” Ahpin asks pensively.

Vivian groans. “Yeah, maybe not. Name one of them Chuck.”

“I like it, you’ll be Chuck.” Ahpin points to the cat-eared changeling. “And you’ll be, um, Rhine.”

“Let’s go wait for the other two, I don’t want us to get separated.” Vivian says.
>>
No. 1009368 ID: eedbeb
File 163070264861.png - (214.94KB , 1000x1100 , p59.png )
1009368

Eldoon carefully flips Holly on to her back.

“Is this comfortable?” he asks, handing her the vibrator.

The elemental tries the switch a few times, and gives an undignified squeak when she puts the toy on her clit as Eldoon begins to thrust into her cunt. “Yes, it’s good. I need to get one of these.”

“You can keep it.” Winks says charitably. “You’ll have to get new batteries eventually though.”

>>
No. 1009369 ID: eedbeb
File 163070265681.png - (234.02KB , 1000x1100 , p60.png )
1009369

Vivian and Ahpin sit outside the river room until Winks and Eldoon emerge. The hummingbird is as energetic as ever while the snake looks tired, but cheerful.

“They told us the other group went further down.” Winks explains. “They said it was just three people, a dog, a sheep centaur, and a chimera.”

“There must be stairs to the next level somewhere we haven’t explored yet.” Eldoon gives Chuck and Rhine a confused look, but doesn’t comment.

Does the group decide to go to the other side of the dungeon (clean area), or explore the middle?
>>
No. 1009370 ID: c92a02

Let's go to the clean area.
>>
No. 1009371 ID: c8996f

Clean area, this dungeon looks to be vaguely circular, so the boss/stairs are likely in the center of it, and a good adventurer always full clears a floor before they move on.
>>
No. 1009372 ID: 894419

Vivian: Quietly admire Aphin's responsible fatherly attitude, but also tell Eldoon you think he might be under the effect of changeling mind control.

Eldoon: Recall all relevant facts regarding changelings.

Aphin: Suggest exploring clean section because its safer for children.
>>
No. 1009373 ID: bc11b8

full clear FULL CLEAR FULL CLEAR
>>
No. 1009384 ID: eedbeb
File 163072116165.png - (146.58KB , 1000x1100 , p61.png )
1009384

“Let’s go around to the right side, for completion sake.” says Winks.

The party continues past the elementals, skips another fork that would lead to the center, and ends up in a small, smooth walled room devoid of motes. Vivian summons a bright orb to light the area.

In the center, on a small platform of rock, are three golden eggs sitting together in a nest of grey fluff.
>>
No. 1009385 ID: eedbeb
File 163072118115.png - (201.16KB , 1000x1100 , p62.png )
1009385

“Look babies, eggs! That’ll be you someday once you’re big and strong and whoa whoa whoa—” Ahpin says as Eldoon unsheathes his sword and advances slowly on the nest.

“Can you detect any strong mana signatures nearby?” Winks asks Vivian sharply.

The kobold stutters her denial while Ahpin draws Chuck and Rhine to his chest. “What’s going on?” he says.

“Mana eggs are very valuable.” Eldoon says evasively.

“In terms of loot, they’re top tier. We’ve snagged an egg or two before. I know it’s scummy but adventurers have to make a living somehow.” confesses Winks.
>>
No. 1009386 ID: bc11b8

what the fuck guys. just join the union if you need a steady paycheck that bad
>>
No. 1009387 ID: e51896

Seems like a trap. Eggs this valuable being here this early on amd haven't beem grabbed by other explorers in the past? What's the catch?
>>
No. 1009388 ID: e5f800

Did a goose lay these eggs? Maybe reveal a angery goosey trying to protect it's golden eggs.
>>
No. 1009389 ID: c92a02

Don't touch the eggs until you know what's laid them. Alimony's coming out of your loot shares.
>>
No. 1009392 ID: 36784c

>>1009385
If they’re that valuable, then why are they still here? Wouldn’t the previous group have grabbed them already? And is the thing that laid the eggs still here?
>>
No. 1009393 ID: 10123b

>>1009385
Who lays these eggs? Is there an actual moral dilemma or are you just robbing a non-sapient creature's nest?
If you can fight off the mother and it's not a person or anything, go ahead and snag that loot.
>>
No. 1009395 ID: eedbeb

reminder that the magic creature life cycle lore is in this post >>1008858

tldr, changelings become eggs, they don't get laid by anything
>>
No. 1009412 ID: e51896

Ah okay.
Still search for traps. It seems kinda weird it's out in the open like that and not hidden, i would think if before a changeling becomes an egg, they'd want to hide somewhere instead of being out in the open.
>>
No. 1009425 ID: 094652

Don't forget this is the Ultimate Annihilation Dungeon. These eggs have to be protected.

But yeah, as long as you sell them to wealthy families who want to adopt heirs and not slaves, go for it.
>>
No. 1009427 ID: eedbeb
File 163076798448.png - (284.28KB , 1000x1100 , p63.png )
1009427

“There has to be something guarding them, if they’re that valuable.” Ahpin says.

“Yes, there’s usually a spirit in the area, which is why I asked Vivian to check.” Winks says. “Since this dungeon isn’t popular they’re probably not watching them as closely. I bet the spirit is further along this corridor, which is why we haven’t seen them.”

Eldoon puts down his sword and takes one of the eggs in his hands. It gleams in the light of Vivian’s spell.

“Egg tasty.” says Chuck, poking his head out from Ahpin’s arms.

“Chuck!” says Ahpin, aghast.
>>
No. 1009428 ID: eedbeb
File 163076800368.png - (176.40KB , 1000x1100 , p64.png )
1009428

“What do people use the eggs for?” Vivian asks.

“The shell is made into magical armor and the contents can be made into mana boosting elixirs. Some people also try to induce elemental development, though that usually results in an eldritch.” explains Winks.

Eldoon puts the egg in his pack. “We’ll go back the way we came. If we encounter the spirit, we’ll fight them, though hopefully we can avoid that.”

Vivian frowns. “You’re leaving?”

Do Ahpin and Vivian:
-Walk Eldoon and Winks to the exit
-Move on to the center of the dungeon (stairs)
-Warn the guardian spirit
>>
No. 1009430 ID: 8233ee

Warning the spirit seems like a dumb, self destructive action that'll piss off everyone here. But you already adopted changelings so sense was thrown out the window a while ago. If anyone knows where Maddie is, it's the guardian spirit. It's probably in your best interests to get on it's good side, but the adventurers have been helping you out a decent bit so far. Tough choice, piss off the people helping you or piss off the spirit. Then again they are leaving your soft ass for money, but that's reasonable considering.

Cutebold is still chilling here either way so... hmm, at least the guardian might like that you kept the changelings, they'll be eggs soon right? Maybe you should just walk the snake out and react when needed. The coward's approach seems solid here.
>>
No. 1009432 ID: c92a02

Move on to the dungeon center.
>>
No. 1009435 ID: 31348d

>>1009428
Escort them to the exit. They could potentially die otherwise.
>>
No. 1009438 ID: 36784c

>>1009428
Escort them to the exit.

Don’t be a dick and try to warn the guardian spirit, that’ll just get someone killed.
>>
No. 1009443 ID: bc11b8

be Lawful Good and do not the egg.
>>
No. 1009444 ID: eedbeb
File 163079807915.png - (261.43KB , 1000x1100 , p65.png )
1009444

>Don’t take the egg

Ahpin would very much like for Eldoon to leave the eggs alone but he is a father now and that means making sacrifices such as not arguing with the large snake with a magic sword.

>Escort Eldoon and Winks to the exit

The crew takes the long way back to the original fork and don’t run into the guardian spirit.

“Well, this is it for us.” Winks says. “We’ll send another party after you if you haven’t come back by tomorrow evening.”

“You’re staying?” Ahpin says to Vivian, surprised.

The kobold blushes. “Y-yes of course! I wouldn’t let you go alone.”
>>
No. 1009445 ID: eedbeb
File 163079809075.png - (241.63KB , 1000x1100 , p66.png )
1009445

After Eldoon and Winks fade to faint specks in the dark, Ahpin sits on the cold floor and pulls two packages of rations out of his bag.

“Late lunch or early dinner.” he says with a smile. Rhine and Chuck fight over the bottle of colorful slime while Vivian and Ahpin eat handfuls of trail mix and strips of dried meat.

They’re relaxing after their meal when the air pressure in the dungeon palpably shifts and there’s a distant, furious roar.

“Ah.” says Ahpin. He swallows and his ears pop while the changelings squeal and huddle against him.
>>
No. 1009446 ID: eedbeb
File 163079810236.png - (216.93KB , 1000x1100 , p67.png )
1009446

From the right corridor comes a hot wind, a growing light, then the guardian spirit bursts into the foyer.

“THIEVES! MONSTERS!” the spirit howls. Ahpin can barely make out a pair of long ears in the bright silhouette.

Vivian half-heartedly moves to get to her feet, then changes her mind.
>>
No. 1009447 ID: bc11b8

rabbit: THUMP
vivian: help shield the dad and his kids
>>
No. 1009449 ID: 31348d

Tell her sorry, they already left.
>>
No. 1009452 ID: e51896

"Theives went thata way *points to exit* monsters are thataway *points in direction of the moth and mantis*"

Yeah, agreed. rabbit maid needs to thump in intense anger
>>
No. 1009459 ID: 508e04

Rabbit maid thump adorably, everyone else point that the thieves went that a way, rabbit maid should then try to skulk off but get rebounded by the dungeon exit and get mad, maybe calm down at the site of the two cute kids
>>
No. 1009460 ID: c92a02

Aphin: Where?
Bun maid: Complain about Vivian's lack of pants.
>>
No. 1009473 ID: eedbeb
File 163081136781.png - (143.29KB , 1000x1100 , p68.png )
1009473

“The people who stole the egg left the dungeon.” Ahpin says. “We didn’t want them to take it, but I guess we didn’t stop them either.”

Vivian yelps as the rabbit advances on them. “We’re really sorry, I know that egg meant a lot to you.”

The rabbit dims, touches down to the floor, and stamps her foot in a distinct thump.

“I can’t chase after them or someone might come for the other two.” she says tearfully. She thumps the ground again in frustration.
>>
No. 1009474 ID: eedbeb
File 163081137515.png - (293.49KB , 1000x1100 , p69.png )
1009474

Vivian and Ahpin stay silent as the rabbit takes a deep, shuddering breath. “I’m Dusty, the caretaker of this dungeon, though I really only go to the first two levels. We don’t usually get visitors. Are you here for the group that went down yesterday?”

“Yes, we are.” Ahpin says eagerly. “We’re not normal adventurers, I’m just looking for my girlfriend.”

Vivian flinches slightly at the word ‘girlfriend’, but Ahpin doesn’t notice.

Dusty wipes her eyes. “I’ll take you to the stairs and introduce you to the elves, but once you retrieve your friends I never want to see you or any other mortals here again.”

Vivian and Ahpin can ask Dusty questions while they walk.
>>
No. 1009475 ID: c92a02

Are you a dust elemental? What does that mean for your abilities?
Why is there a fake bathroom?
Why don't you go down to the other levels?
>>
No. 1009476 ID: bc11b8

look, as a caretaker to these two changelings i can understand how much this means to you. if you will allow me to protect these two eggs as i go in search of my friends i will promise with my life i will return them. then, you can go after the other two. please try to only scare them into giving up the egg, but do what you have to do.
>>
No. 1009479 ID: afe7de

I think someone should text ELDOON and let them know the dungeon will be closed if the egg isnt returned.

OR:

People outside, arrest them for stealing the egg and another crew brings it back because they already knew about this, it's popular knowledge, but Aphin and Vivian don't because they're not adventurers.

Dusty: Be sad, clean up goo, lead them onward, praise Aphin for his child rearing
>>
No. 1009480 ID: e51896

Dusty: lead them to where Eldoon and Winks had sex with Holly and Olive. Thump again in anger at the gooey mess they made and pause to clean it

Ahpin:text Eldoon, you came across its caretaker and she wants her egg back, otherwise she wont allow mortals in here again

Vivian: ask Ahpin his opinion on polyamorous romantic relationships. Why are you asking? Uhhhhhh... no reason, hahaha.
>>
No. 1009483 ID: 36784c

>>1009474
I’m gonna be perfectly honest here: You’ve got no one to blame but yourself. It was very irresponsible to leave the eggs unguarded like that.
>>
No. 1009507 ID: 31348d

Has the spirit considered selling eggshells?
Also yeah offer help getting the egg back.
>>
No. 1009509 ID: eedbeb
File 163085706036.png - (156.34KB , 1000x1100 , p70.png )
1009509

Instead of heading down the center path, Dusty takes the pair to the left. The bunny takes out her feather duster and brushes away the motes as she goes.

Ahpin lingers in the back and texts Eldoon. The snake replies immediately.

Ahpin: Hey man could you bring that egg back? We ran into the guardian spirit and she’s really upset

Eldoon: If you are able to text, that means you are not dead and therefore it is not a problem

Ahpin: Bro you sound like a massive douche

Eldoon: Tell that to a retail value of 50,000 rallod


“Did you make the bathroom?” Vivian asks, as Dusty checks the sink and produces a roll of toilet paper.

“Kind of, I had to ask the elementals to shape the stone.” Dusty huffs. “I’m a broad base spirit, so I can do more stuff but I’m not as strong.”
>>
No. 1009510 ID: eedbeb
File 163085706774.png - (211.98KB , 1000x1100 , p71.png )
1009510

Dusty clears away the remnants of sprites in the hallway where Ahpin took a nap.

“Once I collect enough motes, I feed the sprites, but it looks like someone killed most of them.” Dusty grumbles.

“Sorry about that.” Ahpin says. “But look, two of them became strong, beautiful changelings who are also my children that I love forever and will never sell for egg parts.”

He holds Rhine and Chuck out for Dusty to see. The changelings squirm and squeak in protest.

“They’re quite healthy.” the spirit says grudgingly.

“There might be some, er, goo in the river room.” pipes up Vivian. “The other adventurers had a lot of sex there.”

The kobold jumps as Dusty thumps the ground again. “I’ll get that after I drop you off.” she groans.
>>
No. 1009511 ID: eedbeb
File 163085707752.png - (199.52KB , 1000x1100 , p72.png )
1009511

The group heads for the middle of the dungeon, where a spiral staircase lined with glowing orbs sinks into the floor.

“Come on then.” Dusty says.

Vivian summons her own light and follows the rabbit into the depths.

“So, Ahpin, are you and your girlfriend…exclusive?” Vivian asks hopefully.

“I am, she’s not, though we need to have a talk about the whole relationship thing.” Ahpin sighs.

The staircase ends in a small stone pen on the floor of an enormous cavern. Ahpin and Vivian stop, shocked, as they take in what looks like a normal city block transposed underground.

“More mortals? Dusty, this place is turning into a zoo.” drawls the sleek figure leaning against the wall.
>>
No. 1009512 ID: bc11b8

what in the goddamn?
>>
No. 1009513 ID: 3ed3c3

...Are we absolutely certain this is a dungeon? Has that ever been officially confirmed? Because this has very, very few of the qualities that make a dungeon.
>>
No. 1009521 ID: c92a02

Ah, you must be the mascot then.
>>
No. 1009522 ID: eedbeb
File 163087443696.png - (274.83KB , 1000x1100 , p73.png )
1009522

“Is this still a dungeon?” Ahpin says weakly.

“Oh dear, and you didn’t get smart ones either.” says the elf. They stroll over to the edge of the small enclosure and give Ahpin a once over. “Buddy, we’re not scratching in the dirt like animals. Elves are the strongest mages in the world, and we have elemental neighbors who make construction a breeze.”
>>
No. 1009523 ID: eedbeb
File 163087444495.png - (231.34KB , 1000x1100 , p74.png )
1009523

“Yes, yes, you’re very impressive.” Dusty says. “I have eggs to guard so can I trust you to show them around?”

“Anything for you, darling Dusty.” the elf says. They beckon to Ahpin and Vivian and start walking towards the stone buildings.

“Let’s see, we have a population of 271, most of whom live there—“ The elf points to the tallest building that resembles a block of cheese with mana mold spilling from the holes. “Mana collection fields over there, manufacturing area next to them, government office, karaoke slash arcade which has a half off deal every full moon…”

Bubbles filled with yellow and red motes drift through the air. Ahpin sees a few elves poking their heads out to ogle the visitors.
>>
No. 1009525 ID: bc11b8

elf: do like everyone does
begin coming on to the pantscat
>>
No. 1009526 ID: e51896

Rhine and Chuck: sneak off from Ahpin, rush to the mana collection fields and eat as much mana as you can!
>>
No. 1009532 ID: c8996f

Aphin : ask how this isn't just considered a city at this point

Children : Begin rushing to gorge yourselves on the abundant mana

Elf : Begin flirting with the strangely attractive cat man

Vivian : Begin thinking of ways to replace Aphin's girlfriend
>>
No. 1009533 ID: 3ed3c3

>>1009523
Ahpin: I JUST. WANT TO FIND. MY GIRLFRIEND. Who I am 99% certain at this point is just fucking around somewhere!
>>
No. 1009535 ID: ce39da

"No, seriously, is this still a dungeon? Was this ever a dungeon to begin with? This is my first outing, and I already feel less like an adventurer and more like a home invader. Everything that wasn't a mote in this place so far has been a person. Are we sure there hasn't been some monumental fuck-up with who decides these labels?"
>>
No. 1009536 ID: 894419

>>1009535
Yeah basically this.
>>
No. 1009540 ID: eedbeb
File 163088330080.png - (230.65KB , 1000x1100 , p75.png )
1009540

“—And that’s the soap shop, lovely place, it’s a wonder what they can do with mushroom fragrances.” the elf continues.

“Sorry to interrupt, er, what’s your name?” Vivian interjects. “We’re both new to this, but it seems like this dungeon is a home rather than a place for adventurers to explore.”

“It’s Briar, and nonsense! If we didn’t want visitors we’d close off the entrance, there’s so few opportunities to get fresh meat around here.” Briar grins, with a wink at Ahpin.

“You eat people?” Ahpin says incredulously.

“Honey, no, that would make such a mess.” Briar laughs. “If adventurers try to attack, we kill them and dump their bodies on the surface. And if we tire of them, we let them move on to the third level.”

The elf leans into Ahpin and drops their voice to a sultry purr. “Are you much good with a sword, sweetheart?”
>>
No. 1009541 ID: eedbeb
File 163088331065.png - (186.15KB , 1000x1100 , p76.png )
1009541

While Ahpin deflects Briar’s flirting, the changelings slip silently from his bag and take cover in a narrow alleyway.

Chuck steeples his thin fingers together and furrows his brow. “Brother, it would behoove us to feed upon the elves’ mana supply while father is distracted.”

“He will be upset that we are missing, and the fields will be guarded.” Rhine chirps. He doubles over with a grunt and sprouts an extra pair of arms.
>>
No. 1009543 ID: e51896

Chuck: remind Rhine that the more mana you both consume, the stronger you'll both get, and it won't matter at that point if you're both caught by the guards because you'll both be strong enough to defend yourselves with the amount of mana you'll have within the two of you. Point out the extra arms Rhine already grown from mana consumption as an example that they'll become stronger enough to defend yourselves very quickly.

also mention father will be proud of you both to be able to defend yourselves, and even him if it comes to it.

Ahpin: ask about the last adventurers they got tired of. It's probably your gf.
>>
No. 1009544 ID: afe7de

Children: Cutely and sneakily try to eat the elves magic, but the elves instead think you're too adorable and feed you anyway, but act indignant about it.

Elf: Offer some mana conduit lessons for Aphin so he can generate more mana to feed the babies

Vivian: Be very concerned that no one talks about all this sapient life that actually doesent seem too harmful in dungeons and that it feels more like you're invaders in someone's home then dungeon divers fighting monsters and the upcoming apocalypse
>>
No. 1009545 ID: bc11b8

The fuck kind of pickup line is that? Look, have you seen <describe Maddie to him.>

Kids: To each according to their ability, from each according to what they leave unguarded.
>>
No. 1009546 ID: c92a02

You need that mana to evolve. Go get 'em.
Aphin: No, but are good with a crossbow.
Vivian: Help the situation by explaining that he's taken.
>>
No. 1009548 ID: 894419

>>1009546
this, but vivian should sound real upset about this fact.
>>
No. 1009568 ID: eedbeb
File 163089244984.png - (191.23KB , 1000x1100 , p77.png )
1009568

“Think of the power.” Chuck clenches his little fists. “We could be like that strong spirit or these elves.”

“Have to be an egg first.” Rhine says mournfully. “Eggs get broken and sold.”

“No, we will use our powers as changelings. We are very cute, the guards will not kill us immediately and then we can escape.”

Rhine nods. The pair dart from building to building until they reach the edge of the mana fields. Rows of the same bushy mold they saw before are sliced by elves with scythes, then loaded into a machine that chews up the fungus to extract pure, glimmering mana.
>>
No. 1009569 ID: eedbeb
File 163089246172.png - (155.05KB , 1000x1100 , p78.png )
1009569

“I’m more of a crossbow guy, actually.” Ahpin says stiffly. “So what happened to the people from yesterday? Did they keep going?”

“Yes, well after soundly trouncing our finest fighters in the arena and refusing to participate in the subsequent rager, they insisted we show them the next staircase.” Briar sniffs. “Speaking of which, here’s where you’ll be staying.”

Briar stops at the edge of a circular pit of sand, bordered with flat rocks. A neat stone cottage with a mold roof sits nearby.
>>
No. 1009570 ID: eedbeb
File 163089247908.png - (183.74KB , 1000x1100 , p79.png )
1009570

“You’ll earn your keep by providing a spectacle tomorrow. Everything is non-lethal, and we even refrain from using magic against guests who aren’t mages.” Briar explains.

“Oh, so you weren’t hitting on me with the sword thing.” says Ahpin, relieved.

“I was very much hitting on you.”

“He has a girlfriend and he’s exclusive.” Vivian snaps.

Briar shrugs. “There’s only two beds in there, so I’ll be sleeping with one of you.”

What do Ahpin and Vivian do before they go to bed? They have to stay with Briar the whole time.
-Train
-Explore the town (get fucking wasted)
-Ask Briar questions about elf life
>>
No. 1009572 ID: 23e741

Try and be boring enough to have him lead you to the stairway to the next floor. Ask about elf life.
>>
No. 1009573 ID: c92a02

Aphin: Agree to sleep in Vivian's bed, Briar can have his own bed.
Vivian: train Aphin so you don't end up providing a spectacle on the end of a pike. And see if there's a place to buy greaves in town.
>>
No. 1009576 ID: 36784c

>>1009570
Ahpin: Tell Briar that this is no place for children and you refuse to let them be here.

Also Ahpin: Realize your children are missing and PANIC!!!
>>
No. 1009590 ID: afe7de

Vivian: Try to sleep with Aphin, but end up in a big cuddle pile

Aphin: Be very uncomfortable about this whole situation because the elf keeps grapbing your junk and you keep swatting him away.

Children: Become Mana stealing murder hobos but you dont know what murder is so you just try nibbling on people instead.
>>
No. 1009591 ID: 894419

Vivian: Get wasted to get over the fact that aphin is exclusive.

Aphin: Go to bed, but notice your kids are missing the moment you wake up
>>
No. 1009592 ID: afe7de

I realized I suggested things for bed time and not right now. Vivian should go get drunk and drunkenly whine about how Aphin won't go on a date with her
>>
No. 1009595 ID: 094652

Chuck: Begin your reign of corporatism by 'demanding' a 'loan' from a 'third-party' in the cutest ruthlessness you can muster.
Rhine: Hold your hands out. Ask for anti-mutation medicine. Pretend your brother doesn't exist.
>>
No. 1009623 ID: eedbeb
File 163096645188.png - (349.83KB , 1000x1100 , p80.png )
1009623

“Can’t you let us go to the third level now?” Ahpin asks. “We’re really very boring.”

As Ahpin says this, he turns to check on Rhine and Chuck who are very clearly nowhere to be seen.

“MY BABIES! Where are my children?!” the cat shrieks. He grabs Briar by the shoulders. “What have you done with them?”

“I dunno man, they probably slipped out while we were walking.” Briar says casually. “Changelings don’t stick in one place for too long.”

Ahpin lets go of Briar and drops to his knees. “They could be in trouble, or, or, have fallen into a ditch somewhere, we have to find them.”

“So you guys want a night out? The karaoke slash arcade serves a mean moss liquor.” Briar smirks.

“Yes please.” Vivian says.
>>
No. 1009624 ID: eedbeb
File 163096647082.png - (256.78KB , 1000x1100 , p81.png )
1009624

Rhine and Chuck inch towards the mana machine and start stuffing handfuls of the bright liquid into their mouths.

It takes maybe a minute before one of the workers notices. She cups her hand to her mouth to shout at the most official looking elf supervising at the other end of the field.

“Hey Brian! Some changelings got into the mana tank.”

“Eh? Doesn’t Dusty keep them all on level one?”

“Well clearly some got out!”

“Go get them then!”

The elf woman grumbles and advances on the changelings, who are still gorging themselves.

“Quick Rhine, emotional manipulation procedures.” Chuck hisses. Rhine swallows and gives the elf a soulful, tear-filled look with his hands outstretched. She responds by scooping him into an orange spell bubble.

“New tactics! Attack!” squeaks Chuck. He bites the elf’s leg and is captured in his own bubble.
>>
No. 1009625 ID: eedbeb
File 163096648076.png - (298.02KB , 1000x1100 , p82.png )
1009625

“Can you believe he’s going all this way for his girlfriend?” Vivian sways, downs another mouthful of green alcohol, and belches a small flame. “She must be like, the hottest girl ever.”

“Maybe he has the L-O-V-E.” Briar snickers, over his own multicolored beverage. The elf slaps Ahpin, who is sitting between them, on the back. The cat jolts, tight-lipped and pale. No one they had asked had seen the changelings.

“Love.” Vivian sighs. “Have you ever been in love, Briar?”

“Naw, but I’m still young, give me another couple centuries.”
>>
No. 1009627 ID: 5232cd

Changelings: tell the elves your dad will be real mad if they hurt you. And also Dusty probably.
>>
No. 1009629 ID: e51896

Brian: Great, just great... now you got to report a complaint to the authorities about Dusty's terrible bad job at preventing changlings coming down here. Such a drag. Hopefully they'll reprimand or replace her so that this doesn't happen again.

Elf woman: take the changeling to a daycare or somewhere they can be properly raised to become eggs.

Chuck: It's a bubble. You can attempt to pop it with your teeth.

Ahpin: complain and yell why nobody is taking your missing children seriously.

Vivian: talk about your loneliness
>>
No. 1009655 ID: 3ed3c3

Ahpin: I FEEL LIKE I'M TAKING CRAZY PILLS! All I want - all I ask for - is my girlfriend and my kids! Why does everyone have a problem with that?! What, am I not being "chill" enough for you?! Gods forbid I care about more than sex and booze! Holy shit!
>>
No. 1009664 ID: 094652

Rhine: Ask about how to deal with your brother's growing obsession with power.
Chuck: Scream obscenities, vomit, have a mental breakdown.
Local Elven Workers: Facepalm and get child services.
Alphin: Panic.
Vivian: Stuff Alphin's face in your chest to calm him down.
>>
No. 1009666 ID: e51896

Briar: go sing karaoke
>>
No. 1009694 ID: eedbeb
File 163102552108.png - (261.91KB , 1000x1100 , p83.png )
1009694

“Let us out! Let us out! Let us out!” Chuck shrieks. Rhine hisses and gnaws at the bubble.

They’re in the cheese building that they passed by earlier. After conferring with her supervisor, the elf woman took the changelings home with her and is now glaring at them with annoyance.

“Would you two be quiet?” she says. “I’m trying to go to bed. We’ve sent a message to Dusty so she’ll come to pick you up tomorrow.”

“No! We belong to our father! He feeds us so we may become strong!”

The woman groans. “I wish you’d turn into eggs right now so I wouldn’t have to put up with your racket.”

Chuck replies by vomiting mana into the bottom of his bubble.
>>
No. 1009696 ID: eedbeb
File 163102579006.png - (280.46KB , 1000x1100 , p84.png )
1009696

“Can either of you be serious about this?” Ahpin growls through gritted teeth. “Why does no one care about my girlfriend and my kids?”

“Let me spell it out for you, Ahpin.” Briar says with a gulp of his drink. “They are not your children. You do not own those changelings. Someone will find them and bring them to the fight tomorrow, but it’s up to them if they want to stay with you or not.”

Briar smiles at Ahpin, hands outstretched. “And I would bet my high score in telekinetic pinball that your girlfriend and her companions are dead. So why don’t you enjoy your time you have before you follow after her?”

The cottage is chilly. Briar spreads to fill the combined space of the two beds and periodically kicks Ahpin in the thigh while Vivian snores softly.

Does Ahpin do anything before morning?
>>
No. 1009697 ID: e51896

text Maddie
>>
No. 1009698 ID: 278f22

Sleep.
>>
No. 1009701 ID: bc11b8

Don't give up hope. Get some sleep, hero. You're going to have to go on in spite of the bullshit around you. For your kids, and your girlfriend.
>>
No. 1009702 ID: 5232cd

Have a nightmare about your dead girlfriend and children.
>>
No. 1009706 ID: b55c59

Ponder on the casual callousness of this place that the death of friends and family is treated so flippantly.

Check for texts from Maddie, text her again. Do NOT think about her being dead.
>>
No. 1009707 ID: b55c59

Also, Aphin, remember the elf said that dead adventurers are dumped outside. You didn't see Maddie's body outside, so it's likely she's still alive in there.

This elf is just being a douche, don't give up hope.
>>
No. 1009715 ID: 3ed3c3

>>1009696
Smother Briar in his sleep, then get the fuck out of this shit show.
Maybe set it on fire while you're at it.
>>
No. 1009718 ID: eedbeb
File 163104548698.png - (289.32KB , 1000x1100 , p85.png )
1009718

Ahpin curls on his side and takes out his phone. There isn’t reception this far underground, but he opens his text history with Maddie anyway.

Ahpin: Hey girl

Ahpin: Did you meet Briar when you went through elf town? They’re kind of a prick.

Ahpin: Oh yeah, I’m coming to rescue you. I hope you’re okay


He gazes at one of his photos, a picture of Maddie at the beach, before closing his eyes and falling asleep.
>>
No. 1009719 ID: eedbeb
File 163104550602.png - (399.81KB , 1000x1100 , p86.png )
1009719

“Wake up kitty!” Briar trills. “Big day planned, you need to prepare for your fights.”

Ahpin squints at the elf standing in the doorway. Vivian is behind him, framed by the bright light of a floating orb.

“I found the armor shop and got some greaves.” Vivian adds. “They have all sorts of magic weapons, the old couple that lives there just makes things for fun.”

“I’m your first opponent, then whoever wants a go at you can volunteer.” Briar says cheerfully.
>>
No. 1009720 ID: eedbeb
File 163104551659.png - (274.50KB , 1000x1100 , p87.png )
1009720

It’s time to fight! The only problem is, Ahpin doesn’t know how. He’s allowed access to any weapon, including firearms, but keep in mind his opponent will get the same weapon.

Ahpin can earn points in three ways:

-HUMOR: The cat gets injured in comical ways or engages the crowd with trash talk
-VIVIAN: The kobold will be fighting as well, Ahpin can give her advice or cheer her on
-ACTUALLY FIGHTING: He better learn fast!

All wounds will be healed after each round.

Vivian vs. Briar will be first, followed by Briar vs. Ahpin.
>>
No. 1009726 ID: c92a02

Weapon of choice: Rubber chickens. But try to actually fight.
>>
No. 1009727 ID: 3ed3c3

>>1009720
Ahpin: Encourage Vivian in any way you can.

Vivian: Tap into a heretofore unknown reserve of combat acumen and soundly thrash that smug elf bastard.
>>
No. 1009728 ID: 3ed3c3

Also, Ahpin should obviously choose accounting as his weapon of choice.
If the boredom doesn't beat them, then the knowledge of their lack of financial security certainly will.
>>
No. 1009729 ID: 5232cd

Ahpin needs to learn to actually fight if he's going to rescue his gf, doesn't he?
>>
No. 1009754 ID: bc11b8

Most Extreme Elimination Challenge Obstacle Course.
>>
No. 1009771 ID: eedbeb
File 163106467301.png - (204.75KB , 1000x1100 , p88.png )
1009771

Ahpin and Vivian need a total of 10 points to satisfy the elves. They get two points for winning a fight and one point for each extraneous activity.

Half the elves in town show up to the sandy sunken arena in anticipation of the event. Most bring their own drinks, but a pop-up concessionary run by the arcade slash karaoke people has a substantial line.

Briar leaps into the pit to the cheers of the crowd. Vivian lowers herself in carefully, wearing her greaves.

“What are your terms, mortal?” Briar says imperiously.

“No physical contact. Magic only. Fight ends when either of us can’t cast or gives verbal or nonverbal confirmation.” Vivian replies.
>>
No. 1009772 ID: eedbeb
File 163106468357.png - (284.47KB , 1000x1100 , p89.png )
1009772

“Kick his smug ass Vivian!” Ahpin hollers. The elves crowd around the edge of the pit as Vivian summons a barrier between her and Briar.

“That’s a pretty strong firewall.” Briar remarks.

“I’m in IT.” Vivian grins and throws a handful of flames like a baseball pitch.
>>
No. 1009773 ID: eedbeb
File 163106470257.png - (295.80KB , 1000x1100 , p90.png )
1009773

Briar leans casually out of the way and the fireball explodes on the stone behind him. The sand swirls around his feet, shimmering orange.

“I’m a telekinesis specialist. A lot of elves use it for long range poison darts if we want someone dead, but I’m more about finesse.”

The sand streams around Vivian’s wall and lashes at her face, scratching her scales and glasses.
>>
No. 1009774 ID: afe7de

Briar: Attack the tape holding Vivians Glasses
Vivian: Attempt the comedic “I CANT SEE WITHOUT MY GLASSES ROUTINE”

Vivian: try to constantly trip the elf with your flames
Briar: Do a dance because you want to win some humor points

Aphin: Wonder where your sweet sweet boys are.
>>
No. 1009778 ID: c92a02

Vivian: Superheat air to blow sand away, extend ring of fire around Briar to force him closer to physical contact.
Aphin: Express distaste of sand.
>>
No. 1009789 ID: bc11b8

lob a fireball in the area behind him to stop him from retreating, while closing the distance with him to burn him with your firewall
>>
No. 1009840 ID: eedbeb
File 163111331449.png - (209.46KB , 1000x1100 , p91.png )
1009840

Vivian covers her face and flattens her wall, sending a broad sheet of fire towards Briar’s feet. The elf twirls and leaps away to the cheers of the crowd.

The kobold shapes the sheet into a ring with a grunt of exertion, then tries to trap the slippery elf in the middle while herding him with fireballs.

Briar yelps as the fire singes his pant leg. The crowd roars with approval. “Oh come on! Do you know how hard it is to get good pants down here?” the elf snarls. Tendrils of sand pluck Vivian’s glasses off her head, taking the tape with them.
>>
No. 1009841 ID: eedbeb
File 163111332565.png - (253.30KB , 1000x1100 , p92.png )
1009841

A puff of sand hits Ahpin in the face and he recoils from the pit. The elves snicker as Ahpin spits and coughs. Eyes watering, Ahpin finds a flat rock to sit on and brush the dirt out of his eyes. Sand always gets stuck in the creases of his neck gaiter, coarse and irritating.

Focused on his scarf, Ahpin doesn’t notice the bubbled changelings floating above the crowd until Rhine and Chuck spot him.

“Papa!” Chuck cries.

Ahpin’s head snaps to attention and he looks around wildly. “Chuck? Chuck where are you?”
>>
No. 1009842 ID: eedbeb
File 163111333678.png - (302.12KB , 1000x1100 , p93.png )
1009842

“Oh no, I can’t see without my glasses.” Vivian says dramatically, patting around the ground. “But I don’t need to see well to do this!”

The elves whoop with excitement as the ring forces Briar against the wall.

“I give, I give! Don’t burn my clothes!” Briar yelps.

Vivian has won the fight! The mortals have three points. Ahpin is up next, though he’s a little distracted by the appearance of his children. What are his terms and weapon of choice?
>>
No. 1009879 ID: eedbeb
File 163113116576.png - (302.61KB , 1000x1100 , p94.png )
1009879

Soliana had had a tough night. The changelings didn’t shut up, crying and whining and calling her bad words, their shrill voices echoing off her stone walls and rendering sleep impossible. Her usual hookup took one look at the pupae and excused herself, and Dusty’s return message claimed that the changelings weren’t the spirit’s responsibility.

So when a blabbering mortal shoved his way through the crowd to gibber in her face, she punched him in the jaw.

The changelings go berserk and the cat falls to the ground, clutching his bloody lip.
>>
No. 1009882 ID: eedbeb
File 163113147086.png - (303.00KB , 1000x1100 , p95.png )
1009882

“Do we have a volunteer?” Briar shouts. “Get in line Soliana! I have dibs on Ahpin next.”

The young elf pulls himself out of the arena and sheds his designer clothes, then strides forward to lift Ahpin upright. After patting the sand off of Ahpin’s butt, Briar notices the changelings.

“See? I told you those little buggers would show up.” they say cheerfully. “If you can’t think of a weapon there are some rubber chickens I’ve been dying to try at the armor shop.”
>>
No. 1009883 ID: 3ed3c3

>>1009882
Ahpin is asexual.
Challenge Briar to a game of seduction.
First to pop a boner loses.
>>
No. 1009884 ID: 987d45

>>1009883
Seconded, use rubber chickens for comedic effect so you earn extra points as you easily win this no boner competition
>>
No. 1009888 ID: 769810

Tell your changelings offsprings to look away, or at least ask the person who has them to get them somewhere safe like a playground.

After they are somewhere away from the adult content, boner contest with the elf.
>>
No. 1009889 ID: 3ed3c3

I should preface: no charm magic, lust hexes, or anything of that sort.
Just a one-on-one, charisma versus charisma duel to the erection.
>>
No. 1009901 ID: eedbeb
File 163114379083.png - (286.16KB , 1000x1100 , p96.png )
1009901

“Children, look away.” Ahpin commands. He undoes his belt and lets his pants fall to the ground. There are screams in the crowd, primarily from Vivian.

“Here are my terms Briar. No physical contact, no magic. Whoever gets hard first loses.” Ahpin says, eyes narrowed and upper lip swollen.

“I accept!” Briar grins.
>>
No. 1009902 ID: eedbeb
File 163114382145.png - (245.97KB , 1000x1100 , p97.png )
1009902

The cat and the elf face each other in the pit. Ahpin lashes his tail. Having all these people watching him would be uncomfortable even if his dick wasn’t out.

Briar drops to the sand and stretches, showing off their lean body. “Let’s see kitty, it’ll take some guesswork to figure out what you like. You have a girlfriend who you’re very attached to, most mortals aren’t exclusive.”

Ahpin doesn’t respond. Maddie always said he was bad at dirty talk.

“Yes, I remember the purple pooch. She had beautiful hair and nice tits. Did she let you come on them? Fuck her mouth?”

>>
No. 1009903 ID: 3ed3c3

>>1009902
She was so beautiful.
Such a free, joyful spirit.
She could be dead.
What if she's dead?
What then?
Is this all for nothing?
This smug, flat, scarecrow-looking bastard mocks your pain.
All of these elves - people in general - are so cold.
Does sex even have any meaning beyond personal gratification?
Is love so archaic a concept?
>>
No. 1009924 ID: 5232cd

>>1009902
Show him your ass. Smack it.
>>
No. 1009926 ID: 8096b8

Vivian: start shlicking
>>
No. 1009933 ID: df76b1

Alpin: start crying erotically.
>>
No. 1010000 ID: eedbeb
File 163122234538.png - (251.58KB , 1000x1100 , p98.png )
1010000

“Why are you so sure she’s dead, you flat bastard?” Ahpin sighs.

Briar considers him, eyes half lidded “I want you to give up. Go home. You’ll live longer that way.”

Ahpin sits on the ground and puts his head on his knees. “I can’t. I’ve come this far.”

“Sunk-cost fallacy. Also crying is a pretty advanced strategy for this battle, though it’s not really my thing.”

The crowd is hushed, eager to catch every word.
>>
No. 1010001 ID: eedbeb
File 163122235962.png - (288.37KB , 1000x1100 , p99.png )
1010001

Ahpin sniffs, wipes the blood and snot off his nose and stands up.

“Fine.” He turns and smacks his butt at the elf. There’s a hesitant cheer from the crowd. “You want to play you slutty twink? You’ve been begging for this dick since we got here.”

“That’s more like it.” Briar chirps. “Tell me I’ve been bad, daddy.”

Ahpin wracks his brain for sexy insults. “Uh, you naughty little brat, er, I should put a leash on that collar and drag you around like my pet.”

>>
No. 1010003 ID: eedbeb
File 163122252017.png - (314.14KB , 1000x1100 , p100.png )
1010003

Vivian can feel herself getting hot and bothered as the combatants exchange barbs. Ahpin has a nice dick, she can imagine seating herself on it, or Ahpin tugging on her tail while fucking her from behind.

The other elves are pressed against her, most focused on the pit though a good portion are drinking and enjoying the social event. She reaches under the hem of her white dress shirt and touches herself.

>>
No. 1010004 ID: 07cb18

Briar, be unreasonably turned on by Aphin’s lackluster performance, you haven’t seen someone this clumsy in a long time and you relish it.

Vivian, definitely moan out your support of Aphin

Aphin, use the power of the sads to get a pity boner from briar

Kids, eat the floor out of your bubbles and vanish
>>
No. 1010005 ID: 3ed3c3

Briar is a promiscuous elf slut with a thing for degradation, so let's use that against him.

Ahpin: Describe Maddie coming home smelling of other people - sex and cologne and perfume. How she'd be so casual about it, and how she'd talk about polycules and breeding like it was no big deal.

Briar: Assumedly straight male, big into loyalty, obviously crazy about this chick he's chasing. Describe the hypothetical scenario where she's alive - doubtful - and he saves/finds her.

Vivian: Shlick furiously.
>>
No. 1010028 ID: eedbeb
File 163123740403.png - (268.65KB , 1000x1100 , p101.png )
1010028

“You know, I’m getting the feeling that you’re not even into this.” Briar stretches onto the sand and twists so he’s looking at Ahpin upside down.

When Ahpin doesn’t respond Briar continues. “I bet the thought of rescuing your girl would get you hard. Going all this way to save her, chicks love that.”

“I need to break up with her.” Ahpin whispers. “She’s too good for me.”

The crowd gasps at the surprise twist.
>>
No. 1010029 ID: eedbeb
File 163123742375.png - (306.14KB , 1000x1100 , p102.png )
1010029

“But you.” Ahpin sneers. “You’re cheap trash. Maddie’s a mortal and she’s worth a hundred of you.”

“Ohhhh that’s hot.” Vivian moans before slapping her free hand over her mouth.

Briar stiffens, literally. “Fuck. You got me. Have fun dying.” he says flatly. With a sigh, he swings himself out of the pit. “Anyone else want a turn? Soliana, I know you have some pent up aggression, don’t be shy!”

“I just want to get rid of these changelings.” the elf woman grumbles. “They keep eating the bottoms out of their bubbles.”

With a pop, the changelings are freed and swept up in Ahpin’s arms. The crowd oohs and ahhs at the heartfelt reunion.

That was some prime drama, and the elves are willing to let Ahpin move on. Does the party do anything else in elf town before they leave?
>>
No. 1010032 ID: d05782

Maybe get some mana gummies for the kids and Aphin who is probably feeling the mana drain or maybe not but we don’t want health risks!

Vivian maybe tries to be friendly to the kids but the kids kind of shy away? ORRRR maybe one of the kids is super gung ho towards her and Aphin gets jealous…. DRAMA.

Briar warn Aphin about something specific that will probably kill him.
>>
No. 1010035 ID: c92a02

Vivian starts a fire in Briar's wastebasket. Then they move on.
>>
No. 1010045 ID: 3ed3c3

Just what exactly is on the third level? Enormous, terrifying monster? Hell portal? Something else? What?
>>
No. 1010051 ID: 96c896

See if an elf wants to join up and protect you in the next level.
>>
No. 1010063 ID: f8fa51

>“She’s too good for me.”

Oof, that's not a healthy perspective. You really need to have a proper conversation about this with someone.
>>
No. 1010098 ID: eedbeb
File 163128293004.png - (260.33KB , 1000x1100 , p103.png )
1010098

Briar leads Ahpin, changelings in tow, and Vivian to the mana fields. While Briar isn’t looking, Vivian sears the edge of his shirt as a small revenge for the elf’s behavior towards Ahpin.

With a telekinetic heave, Briar lifts a trap door made of woven mold fibers at the edge of the area, revealing an uneven set of stairs that quickly drop into the darkness.

“You guys have water? It’s a long walk to the bottom.” he asks gruffly.

Vivian eyes the abyss. “How long?”

“Hour, hour and a half.” Briar folds his arms. “Watch out for the carbon elemental on the stairs, he’ll notice you first. Usually asks for a toll. Once you get to the bottom, watch out for everything.”
>>
No. 1010099 ID: eedbeb
File 163128294038.png - (240.15KB , 1000x1100 , p104.png )
1010099

“Are you sure you, or, I don’t know, some other elf doesn’t want to come with us?” Ahpin asks weakly. He steps down into the hole and Vivian joins him.

“Bye.” the elf responds, and slides the mat back in place.

Ahpin lights his lantern and Vivian summons a bright red orb. They can see maybe 10 meters forward.
>>
No. 1010100 ID: eedbeb
File 163128294726.png - (151.48KB , 1000x1100 , p105.png )
1010100

They start walking, keeping to the right, close to the rock wall and away from the drop on the left. There’s the sound of dripping water, the soft pad of feet on the uneven steps.

Half-way down, by Briar’s estimate, Vivian grabs Ahpin’s arm.

“Did you hear that?”

The changelings huddle in Ahpin’s bag as the cat stops to listen. He turns his lantern towards the edge of the stairs and twin diamonds reflect back at him.

The carbon elemental is an ape twice Ahpin’s height, hanging by his hands from two dark ropes.

“More travelers.” he says in a deep, hollow voice. “I have not fed this well in many years.”
>>
No. 1010101 ID: bc11b8

I sure hope you mean off your toll. We were told you want something, what is it? Mana?
>>
No. 1010112 ID: eedbeb
File 163129351757.png - (186.30KB , 1000x1100 , p106.png )
1010112

“Hi.” Ahpin croaks.

“We were told you’d let us move on if we give you something.” Vivian says quickly.

“Yes. I desire mana. This blue one is nearly empty but the children are well-fed and your power, young mage, would suffice.”

Who/what does the group sacrifice?
-Rhine
-Chuck
-Vivian’s magic
>>
No. 1010113 ID: 96c896

The changelings can puke up mana, and Vivian implied getting mana drained was permanent somehow so she'd probably want to avoid that.
So kiddos, give up some of your mana would you?
>>
No. 1010116 ID: 094652

"I'm not sacrificing anything permanent."
>>
No. 1010117 ID: bfc3cb

Get the changelings to puke up mana, Aphin will protect them and not let them do this ofc.

Vivian probably should have a big old internal decision, is Aphin worth giving up magic, are there ways to get back magic, will the monster ask for more mana when you return to leave?

She might be willing to do something if Aphin does her a favor, but she also might be like this isn’t worth it get rid of a kid bc we need to get in/out alive. Then it probably turns into a big argument and the big monster will just pick regardless if this happens and it will be BAD.
>>
No. 1010118 ID: bc11b8

vivian: burn the ropes the elemental is hanging from and then BOOK IT
>>
No. 1010119 ID: 8233ee

Ahpin and Vivian: argue about wether this is even worth it and consider going back to the elves.

Children: one of you has to barf for papa
>>
No. 1010120 ID: 8233ee

Wait scratch what I said, hell yeah burn the ropes and try not to think of the concequences that are 100% coming back to us for doing that.
>>
No. 1010121 ID: 96c896

Lol burning the ropes would be hilarious.
Also, carbon is very flammable...
>>
No. 1010122 ID: b29a56

Aphin: Offer Chuck.
Vivian: offer Rhine.
>>
No. 1010124 ID: c8996f

This guy is literally a fire waiting to happen.
Vivian, be the spark that starts the fire
>>
No. 1010133 ID: eedbeb
File 163130835952.png - (269.85KB , 1000x1100 , p107.png )
1010133

Ahpin takes off his bag and sits on the stairs. Rhine and Chuck stare at him with large, frightened eyes.

“Can you give us a moment?” Ahpin calls to the ape, then hunches over the changelings. Vivian sits down by his side.

“I’m not going to give up my magic.” Vivian whispers. “Sorry, but I’d lose everything I’ve worked for my whole life.”

“I’d never ask that of you.” Ahpin says. “I just…I won’t give up one of my children either.”

“What should we do then? Can the changelings transfer some of their mana?”
>>
No. 1010134 ID: eedbeb
File 163130836722.png - (274.06KB , 1000x1100 , p108.png )
1010134

Chuck and Rhine look at each other and shake their heads. “Can only barf a little at a time.” Chuck says softly.

“I could try to burn those ropes. Carbon is flammable, I think.” Vivian says.

Ahpin hesitates. His guide book had warned about the gas explosions and spilling water on alkali metals, but hadn’t said anything specific about carbon. No one, the author had figured, would be that stupid.

“Okay.” he breathes. “I’ll distract him with Rhine.”

The changeling yowls as Ahpin scoops him up and brings him to the waiting elemental.
>>
No. 1010135 ID: eedbeb
File 163130844255.png - (179.57KB , 1000x1100 , p109.png )
1010135

“Here.” Ahpin says coldly, holding Rhine out over the edge of the stairs. As the ape reaches for the screaming blue creature, Vivian sends a burst of flame at both ropes and Ahpin jerks Rhine away.

Ahpin’s stomach plummets. The fire flares as it catches loose particles of soot, but the rope itself doesn’t light.

“That was foolish.” The ape swings onto the stairs with a thud and pins Vivian against the wall. “I will take her mana as payment and consider it done.”

The elemental knocks Ahpin away as the cat tries to reach Vivian, who’s suddenly shining bright red. The cat stumbles and hits the ground hard enough to scrape his paws.

Vivian’s mana is absorbed through the ape’s diamond eyes until Ahpin’s lantern is the only light in the cave. With a snort, the dark figure leaps to his ropes and disappears from sight.
>>
No. 1010138 ID: 2236e0

Vivian: you have a moment of weakness and get upset and angry with Aphin and his obsession with those changlings. They're not even his offsprings and it caused you to lose mana at their expense.
>>
No. 1010139 ID: e021e7

Aphin: regret everything and think about how you’ve ruined lives today

Vivian: you’re strong and holding back an emotional breakdown but you can’t be mad at Aphin because it was your idea after all. Cry and wonder what you’ll even do as a job.

Me: if mana is limited in the bodies and when symphonies can’t be returned that’s dumb, they just have to learn how to syphon it back.

Kids: feel really bad about this situation and brainstorm secretly ways to give them back their mana, it’s important to them and you can always just eat more later.
>>
No. 1010140 ID: 894419

>>1010135
Rush over to Vivian right away! Make sure she's okay. Is mana loss permenant? Is there any treatment?
>>
No. 1010143 ID: bc11b8

Rush to help Vivian.
>>
No. 1010144 ID: 094652

Vivian: Immediately regret everything and realize you're going to become a godslave
>>
No. 1010170 ID: eedbeb
File 163132752711.png - (211.24KB , 1000x1100 , p110.png )
1010170

“Vivian!” Ahpin climbs up the stairs on all fours until he’s by the kobold’s side. “I’m so sorry, are you feeling okay?”

Vivian groans and clutches her chest. Ahpin looks around for Rhine, who is pressed quivering against the wall. When he reaches a hand out to pet the changeling, Rhine hisses and shies away.

The kobold starts sobbing quietly. “I-I shouldn’t have c-come here. I should have l-listened to Briar.”

“I’m sorry. I thought the fire would work.”

“Why are you so obsessed with those changelings?” Vivian is crying in earnest now. “Everything is ruined for me, all because I was stupid enough to follow you! You don’t even like me!”
>>
No. 1010171 ID: eedbeb
File 163132754159.png - (241.16KB , 1000x1100 , p111.png )
1010171

Ahpin sits next to Vivian, apologizing while she sobs against the cold stone.

“I think you’re beautiful and smart and talented Vivian, it’s just, I’m not poly. I’m not anything. I’m ace, I think, and the only person I’ve ever loved is Maddie.” Ahpin says.

“Why didn’t you tell me earlier?”

“It’s still new to me and I wanted you to come on this adventure.” Ahpin rubs his bruised hand. “I was being stupid.”

“I don’t want to die.” Vivian wipes her eyes. “And we’re going to die if we go any further.”

The kobold stands and starts hobbling up the long staircase.

“Take my lantern.” Ahpin pleads, holding it out to her. She stops and jerks it away from him. Rhine trails after her as if worried he’ll be kicked if he gets too close.
>>
No. 1010172 ID: eedbeb
File 163132755096.png - (122.33KB , 1000x1100 , p112.png )
1010172

Ahpin watches the light from his lantern fade until he’s left in almost total darkness. Chuck shivers and presses against his knee.

“What are we going to do?” the changeling asks.

“You can stay in my bag and I’ll keep my hand on the wall. I want to walk to the bottom, and then we can turn around.” Ahpin helps Chuck back into the pack and slings it over his shoulders.

He takes the stairs slower than before, careful not to trip. After an hour he catches himself on flat ground.

Ahpin sits heavily on the last stair while Chuck tentatively pats him on the head.

“There is something coming, papa.”
>>
No. 1010175 ID: 6800a5

Ahpin: Tell Chuck to hide in the bag

Chuck: you're a rebel and ignore Ahpin. you want to be strong and prove you are strong. Get out of the bag and be ready to protecc your papa.
>>
No. 1010176 ID: 23965f

>>1010172
Aphin: Decide you've come too far to give up now, and try and hide against the side of the stairs

Chuck: Keep a lookout
>>
No. 1010213 ID: a70d3b

Chuck: get ready to challenge whoever is coming

Ahpin: try to stop Chuck.
>>
No. 1010214 ID: b55c59

Something coming: end up being Maddie limping back
>>
No. 1010224 ID: 8233ee

Ahpin: realize how much of a dumbfuck you’ve been so far, completely unrelated to the suggestions the voices in your head gave you, and realize that Vivian did more for you that you honestly deserved. You need to fix this when it’s all over. Be so consumed by this thought that you aren’t ready for what comes next.

Chuck: appreciate that your dad hasn’t yeeted you down the hole yet after all this shit and start contributing,
>>
No. 1010225 ID: eedbeb
File 163138284655.png - (117.31KB , 1000x1100 , p113.png )
1010225

Ahpin hunches over and tugs on a tuft of hair. “I’m such a fucking idiot. How could I have dragged Vivian into this? Is there a way to give her mana back?”

Chuck pats him harder. “It’s close. Not too strong I think, we can fight it.”

“Maddie?” Ahpin says softly. “Is that you?”

There’s a series of clinks of metal on stone, then a blinding white rectangle flares to life in front of the cat.

“I’ll protect you papa.” Chuck leaps between the Ahpin and the mysterious screen.

“No! I don’t want you to get hurt.” Ahpin reaches for Chuck as if to grab him, but stops himself.

In the light of the screen, Ahpin can see that the creature is supported by four spindly metal legs attached to a cylindrical base. A green, cartoon face flickers into view.

“Hallo! Dis is Silicon speaking. Are you a friend of Maddie’s?"
>>
No. 1010228 ID: b7c700

Aphin: remember there was no Maddie and she was a hallucination.

Just kidding! Answer yeah

Silicon, deliver Maddies message that she found her new calling in the dungeon and is breaking up with you
>>
No. 1010234 ID: 094652

"I hurt my friends just to make sure Maddie is okay. Please, tell me she's okay?"
>>
No. 1010235 ID: e51896

Chuck: change the channel... or increase the volume when you cant change channels

Ahpin: ask about Maddie

Silicon: Talk about what happened with Maddie... ♪in song♪ make your screen a music video showing Maddie's adventure
>>
No. 1010238 ID: 3ed3c3

Ahpin: ...Yes?

Chuck: Stare at the weird little creature.
>>
No. 1010241 ID: bc11b8

I'm Maddie's boyfriend.
>>
No. 1010246 ID: eedbeb
File 163140234852.png - (170.40KB , 1000x1100 , p114.png )
1010246

“I’m her boyfriend.” Ahpin stammers.

“And you?” Silicon asks Chuck.

When the changeling stares and doesn’t respond, one of the robot’s metal hands starts spinning like a circular saw.

“He’s with me.” Ahpin says forcefully. “Is Maddie okay? Please tell me she’s okay.”

Silicon does a little dance with excitement. “An exciting tale! I shall tell it to you—with song!”
>>
No. 1010247 ID: eedbeb
File 163140236099.png - (246.43KB , 1000x1100 , p115.png )
1010247

Brave travelers ventured through the cave,
Heeding no warnings that the elves gave.
They met my brother on the stairs,
Fight or turn back, they did not dare.


The screen shows images of Maddie and the two other party members talking to the ape. He takes a magic artifact from each of them.

I sent my tools to assess their power,
They cleared the way to the silver tower.
A dragon sat upon the heap,
They challenged the creature in the deep.


“It was August, silver elemental.” Silicon adds helpfully.
>>
No. 1010248 ID: eedbeb
File 163140237151.png - (219.31KB , 1000x1100 , p116.png )
1010248

The battle did not go well,
Aggy sent two warriors straight to hell
The last adventurer was strong and smart,
She killed the elemental and took his heart.


Maddie, sans an arm, removes a shining sphere from the corpse.

Fading fast, she used her magic,
Bonding with the core in a panic,
Now she’s moping in this dome,
Half god, all sad, please take her home.

>>
No. 1010249 ID: bc11b8

BRING HER HOME
>>
No. 1010251 ID: 3ed3c3

Ahpin: Just...just retrieve her and get out of this shit hole. What a goddamn nightmare.

Chuck: Go with your father.
>>
No. 1010252 ID: c92a02

Whether or not she deserves better, you're all she's got right now. Is her daily routine going to be compatible with this? Is she going to have to move in here permanently? Think very hard about whether you would want to become dungeonmates with Briar.
>>
No. 1010266 ID: 894419

>>1010248
Your girlfriend needs your help! You just gonna sit there feeling sorry for yourself? She's missing an arm, all thats hurt on you is your pride. Get going!
>>
No. 1010270 ID: eedbeb
File 163141263905.png - (132.51KB , 1000x1100 , p117.png )
1010270

“Yes, I can do that.” Ahpin jumps to his feet. “Where is she? Can you take me there?”
“Right dis way mister.” the robot says. Chuck scrambles up Ahpin’s leg and stands on his shoulders as the cat follows the scuttling screen in to the darkness.

After maybe ten minutes of walking, something crunches under Ahpin’s foot. He reaches down and touches the broken frame of another one of Silicon’s robots.

The ground grows thick with sharp bits of metal and glass. Ahpin winces every time he steps on a particularly jagged shard.

Finally, Silicon stops. “Dis is where the big fight was. She’s hanging around here somewhere, guarding de bodies from Carb—“
>>
No. 1010271 ID: eedbeb
File 163141267692.png - (246.77KB , 1000x1100 , p118.png )
1010271

A thin silver whip whistles out of the darkness and smashes through Silicon’s face. The robot screams as its dragged away. Ahpin hears a crunch and the screams cut off.

“I told you to stay away from me.” Maddie’s voice is low and threatening.

“Maddie, its Ahpin! Please, can you turn on a light or something?”

Light the consistency of a full moon floods the area and Ahpin sees his girlfriend.

Maddie is naked, hair slashed short and silver scales covering her left side. Behind her are two people shaped lumps, protected by piled stones and loose pieces of clothing.

“Ahpin, how—“ Maddie swallows and tears come to her eyes. “I’m sorry, you were right. Adventuring is too dangerous.”
>>
No. 1010273 ID: 094652

Ask if she's safe to hug.
>>
No. 1010274 ID: c92a02

You said it. Vivian's been hurt too helping me find you. Let's beat up that monkey so the rest of the party can rip in peace and Maddie can leave.
>>
No. 1010277 ID: 3ed3c3

Ahpin: Tell her you're here to get her out of here and take her home.

Maddie: Be overwhelmingly relieved that this whole, horrible misadventure is finally over.

Chuck: Wave to your new mom.
>>
No. 1010278 ID: e51896

Maddie: tell Ahpin that you feel very guilty for making him worry enough to come down here, and you don't want to leave him to go somewhere dangerous like that again.

Ahpin: Remind her that she defeated a freakin' dragon and, I think became a half god... she's very courageous and, well, you're just glad to have her back.

Offer to take her home. You wont judge. You'll call your sister Uzak to have her wait by the dungeon entrance with some clothes for her and take us to a doctor once you both leave the dungeon

Chuck: You got enough Mana. Now's the time to suddenly become an egg.
>>
No. 1010281 ID: e51896

Also, no need to fight the primate. We found our gf, we're done here.

Consider telling her you're ace but still want to be with her... You can still be in love with someone but not be so interested in sex. Romance and sex are two different things.

but probably wait until after we leave the dungeon and see the doctor, and when she feels much better.
>>
No. 1010287 ID: bc11b8

"Are you alright? I'm just happy to see you're alive."
>>
No. 1010288 ID: 894419

>>1010271
I don't think right now is the best time to be discussing your doubts about your relationship status, so lets hold that.

Both: Cry with relief and hug.

Also collect magic items in case the troll tries to double toll you.
>>
No. 1010323 ID: eedbeb
File 163145957040.png - (249.23KB , 1000x1100 , p119.png )
1010323

Maddie slowly sinks to her knees and starts crying. Ahpin hurries over to her side.

“Can I hug you?” he asks. He huffs with surprise when Maddie buries her head in his chest. She’s much heavier than before and he holds her tight while she shakes with sobs.

“You’re okay now,” he says softly. “We’re okay.”

“I didn’t even think that people would come after me.” Maddie whimpers. “You could have been killed too, I’m so stupid.”

“My friend got hurt because I convinced her to come, but I’m fine. I’m just happy you’re alive.”
>>
No. 1010324 ID: eedbeb
File 163145957960.png - (104.92KB , 1000x1100 , p120.png )
1010324

They cry against each other until Ahpin has a headache and Maddie has wiped snot all over his chest fur. They sniffle in the dim light.

“Are you mama?” Chuck asks abruptly.

Maddie looks up with surprise at the changeling. “Uh, I don’t know? Am I?”

“This is papa.” Chuck tugs on Ahpin’s ear. “You are very strong. I feel safe.”

The changeling closes his eyes and slides to the floor. He curls into a ball, shimmering gold and crimson, and smooths into a perfect egg.
>>
No. 1010325 ID: eedbeb
File 163145959142.png - (181.72KB , 1000x1100 , p121.png )
1010325

Maddie sits up so Ahpin can put the egg in his pack.

“Are you ready to go?” the cat asks. “I don’t know how the elemental stuff works but Silicon made it sounds like you were okay.”

“I can’t leave.” Maddie pulls away from Ahpin. “I can’t face everyone after I let their friends die. After I failed as an adventurer. I wish you could take the bodies but I’ll bury them here if I have to.”
>>
No. 1010326 ID: bc11b8

"Absolutely not. You mean too much to me to let you rot down here. We'll... we'll forge a new life together. You, me, and Chuck, my... adopted son. Did I mention I have a changeling for a son now?

Besides. Carbon is probably going to fuck with me again going up the stairs. If you won't do it for yourself, do it to protect me, please."
>>
No. 1010327 ID: 094652

"I failed Vivian and Rhine. But if I don't get you out of here then I failed them for nothing.

Come on, we need to get out of here."
>>
No. 1010330 ID: ea37b4

Please. If anything, you beat the long odds. Don’t get stuck in a misery loop of guilt, Maddie. Not when you nearly died, too.

If she wants their deaths to have meaning and their kin to have closure, she should return with you and settle those debts and her own guilt. She’d need to. You’re pretty sure you can’t carry two bodies up all the way on your own. Personal trinkets, maybe. The story.

Being a good person - to yourself and others - is hard. It sometimes carries genuine cost. Being miserable is all to easy. But for all the while you’ve known her, she’s never been one for the easy road. And she’s always been good.

Even if you could take the bodies on your own, you don’t want her to sit all alone down here, to brood in misery, perhaps in the future become the target of another group of derring-dos who would not understand her situation and treat her like a denizen to be challenged.
>>
No. 1010331 ID: 3ed3c3

>>1010325
Ahpin: Her staying in this Hellhole is absolutely unacceptable. She had no way at all of knowing what this place was like, what kind of threats were down here, and how unprepared they were. The losses are not on her, and she doesn't deserve to suffer for any of it.
>>
No. 1010337 ID: df76b1

You shouldn't be an adventurer with coping skills this shitty. And if you're not an adventurer, there's no reason to stay down here.

No one's gonna blame you for the deaths incurred in the specially marked death cavern.
>>
No. 1010338 ID: c8996f

They made the choice to come here, their deaths aren't her fault.
>>
No. 1010341 ID: eedbeb
File 163147558530.png - (234.47KB , 1000x1100 , p122.png )
1010341

“That’s the guilt loop talking.” Ahpin says firmly. “People will understand that it wasn’t your fault and you don’t deserve to suffer alone in this hellhole for the rest of your life. I failed Vivian and Rhine, and I don’t want it to be for nothing.”

“Sunk-cost fallacy.” Maddie sighs and picks at the scales on her arm. “Changing the topic but I don’t think I can do the relationship thing anymore. I need time to process all of this. We should break up.”

“Yes. I agree.” says Ahpin.

Maddie squints at him. “That’s not the reaction I was expecting. You’re supposed to storm off because you’re hurt and leave me alone to my misery.”
>>
No. 1010342 ID: eedbeb
File 163147559584.png - (225.37KB , 1000x1100 , p123.png )
1010342

Ahpin cracks a wry smile. “I was planning to break up with you the night before you came here, but I chickened out. I’m ace.”

Maddie gapes at him. “This whole time? What? You should have told me! My crew kept trying to rope you into our orgies. Fuck, I’m really sorry that must have been horrible. And I was always trying to have sex with you, and did have sex with you, did I make you uncomfortable?”

Ahpin waves his hand. “You didn’t do anything wrong. It’s something I’ve been thinking about for a while.”

“Well, I’m glad you told me, but I’m still not planning to leave.” Maddie insists.

“Okay, how about this. You come with me to the top of the stairs to protect me from Carbon, and then you can decide if you want to keep going.”
>>
No. 1010343 ID: eedbeb
File 163147560541.png - (114.48KB , 1000x1100 , p124.png )
1010343

Maddie frowns. “Why would Carbon be mad at you? Didn’t you pay the toll?”

“Kind of. Er, we attacked him first.”

“Are you insane?! You’re not even on the level system and Carbon’s strong enough to be a final boss!”

“So you’ll help me?”

Maddie stands with a heavy sigh and extends her silver arm. The metal flows into a massive claw, which she uses to carefully pick up the shrouded bodies.

Ahpin walks up the long staircase, left hand on the wall with Maddie lighting the way. At one point he thinks he sees the glint of diamonds, but nothing comes out of the darkness to stop them.

They reach the top faster than Ahpin expected, and Maddie shoves the mold mat out of the way to reveal the elf colony.
>>
No. 1010344 ID: bc11b8

Well, we're here. Look, I know he's not *your* kid, but Chuck here, he feels real safe around you. So...
>>
No. 1010345 ID: c92a02

Carbon's toll was gonna suck no matter what, so we took the slim chance.
>>
No. 1010346 ID: 894419

Aphin: Make one last attempt to appeal to Maddie. Tell her that even though you think the relationship isn't a good idea right now, that you still love her. Its not good for anyone if she stays down here moping. Its not going to bring her friends back and she needs a healthy environment to heal. You can deliver the news for her to her friends friends/family if she can't handle it but it just isn't right to sit molding in a cave over something like this. You love her and it hurts you to know she's down here.

Maddie: Consider your options
>>
No. 1010347 ID: 094652

Maddie: Ask what happened to Alphin's party. Then cradle Chuck and think about it.
>>
No. 1010348 ID: 3ed3c3

Maddie: Realize that exiling yourself to some hole in the ground isn't going to make anything better. If you and Ahpin don't do something, people are going to keep coming down here and getting hurt. Action must be taken, an you two are the only candidates.

Ahpin: If appealing to her emotions won't work, try the logical route. Staying in this murder dungeon won't accomplish anything other than making you sad, robbing her other friends of yet another friend, and denying her any chance of growth.
>>
No. 1010350 ID: 96c896

>>1010343
>Carbon’s strong enough to be a final boss
Gee, it would've been nice if ANYONE TOLD US THAT.
>>
No. 1010352 ID: 472885

Both: consider that you two don't need to have sex together to love each other and be in a relationship.

Aphin: you dove into a highly dangerous dungeon to save Maddie. That's gotta be worth something.

Maddie: you're trying to break up with Aphin, yes, but to keep him safe from the dungeon. That's gotta be worth something. Also, who's gonna be Chuck's Momma?
>>
No. 1010376 ID: eedbeb
File 163150181799.png - (325.44KB , 1000x1100 , p125.png )
1010376

Maddie blinks in the warm light of the elf orbs. “I guess this is the part where you tell me the elves hate your guts and you need support getting to the next floor.”

“I was thinking more along the lines of asking you to raise Chuck with me. Magical creatures seem pretty cutthroat and he’d appreciate someone who can actually protect him.”

“He’s an egg.” Maddie says.

“Yes, but he’s worth a lot of rollad, the adventurers who helped us in the first level stole an egg earlier. Also I still love and want the best for you and that doesn’t include living in a dank pit with no dick.”

“I do like dick.” Maddie admits. “Despite being traumatized by the death of my friends and everything.”
>>
No. 1010377 ID: eedbeb
File 163150183088.png - (335.82KB , 1000x1100 , p126.png )
1010377

Ahpin steps into the mana fields and offers a hand to Maddie, who takes it and hauls herself awkwardly out of the hole.

The supervisor on duty immediately shrieks in alarm.

“What is it Brian?” Soliana calls from her row of mold.

“People came back from the third level again.”

“People? Not elementals?”

Brian jogs closer to Maddie, takes one look at her massive metal arm, and turns around.

“I think they’re adventurers who absorbed elemental power.”

“Is that possible? Either way, someone should get Briar. Okay, I’ll go get Briar.”

Soliana sprints away while Maddie and Ahpin stroll past Brian and the other stunned elves.
>>
No. 1010379 ID: e51896

Ahpin: ask Maddie if she wants you to ask the elves for some clothes. Otherwise, we don't have to stay here.
>>
No. 1010383 ID: 96c896

Hey Briar, seen Vivian?
>>
No. 1010403 ID: afe7de

Briar talk shit about Vivian, be really threatening if he does.

Aphin (we can’t control him rn can we?) be chill and keep taking as you leave, maybe get Maddie some clothes?
>>
No. 1010407 ID: 094652

Briar: Call out Alphin about Vivian and Rhine leaving as sobbing messes.
Alphin: Retort back that Briar and his village knew that Carbon would demand magic items or mana but let Vivian get screwed.
>>
No. 1010428 ID: 3ed3c3

Maddie and Ahpin: Ignore the knife-eared twats.
>>
No. 1010433 ID: eedbeb
File 163155299716.png - (296.14KB , 1000x1100 , p127.png )
1010433

“Are you, um, cold at all?” Ahpin asks as they walk through the cluster of shops that surround the moldy cheese.

“Not really, and I don’t get hungry or thirsty either. Instead there’s kind of an attraction towards silver, like I can feel where it is and part of me wants to grab it and make a big pile and sit on it and be awesome.” Maddie replies.

“So no clothes?”

Maddie wrinkles her nose. “Not elf clothes.”

They meet Briar halfway up the slope to the stone pen. The elf is visibly shaken by the sight of Maddie, but turns to address Ahpin instead.
>>
No. 1010434 ID: eedbeb
File 163155301018.png - (242.85KB , 1000x1100 , p128.png )
1010434

“I see you’re still alive.” Briar says curtly. “Silicon is going soft. Why did you leave Vivian a magicless, crying mess?”

“Why didn’t you tell us Carbon would steal her mana? And where is she?” Ahpin retorts.

“You should have given him one of the changelings, but you have this weird attachment to them.” Briar jerks a thumb to the stairs behind him. “She left a couple hours ago.”

“Have you seen Rhine?”

“I haven’t. You lost him too?” Briar clucks his tongue. “I’m starting to think your so called kids don’t even like you.”
>>
No. 1010435 ID: 894419

>>1010434
Sucker punch him. Fuck'n elves.
>>
No. 1010437 ID: 094652

>Vivian left
>Rhine left with her but wasn't seen.
>Eggs sell well
Oh no.

Maybe it's not that bad. But then, Vivian is emotionally broken, and she never saw the Changelings as human...
>>
No. 1010438 ID: 3ed3c3

Maddie: Punch douchebag elf.

Ahpin: Laugh.
>>
No. 1010439 ID: afe7de

>>1010438
Seconded
>>
No. 1010440 ID: 96c896

Don't start a fight. That's what the alarm was for, and there are SO MANY ELVES HERE.
>>
No. 1010441 ID: b55c59

Maddie: Start to loose your temper at the elves

Aphin: Hold her back with your puny arms. You two need to get out, not start a fight.
>>
No. 1010444 ID: 9a2966

Nah, no violence. Punchin' fools is for when the fires of outrage is hot, and you're at lukewarm at best.

>Lost him too?
Ahpin: Show him your bag's contents.

"Didn't lose either, loser. Viv's probably got Rhine. My boys're growin' up, see! Couldn't be prouder."

Wipe a theatric tear.

"Any idea when they'll hatch? Imma bribe Maddie with silverware until she agrees to mother 'em for a bit."

Maddie: Find this idea oddly agreeable.

Ahpin: Grow a bit more srs.

"Ooof, had a thought. Might better to try to catch up with Vivian in case she tries using Rhine to restore her magic. Something something risk of eldritch, I seem to recall? Plus, don't want Rhine dead."
>>
No. 1010445 ID: 36784c

>>1010434
The little robot from earlier called Maddie a half god, so she should be really powerful!

Maddie: Consider using your new powers to try and restore Vivian’s lost mana. If she lost her mana while trying to help Ahpin find you, then you kinda feel like you should try to help.
>>
No. 1010447 ID: eedbeb
File 163156335299.png - (344.56KB , 1000x1100 , p129.png )
1010447

Ahpin takes a deep breath and resists the urge to punch Briar in their smug face since he’d probably get a poison dart for his trouble. To his surprise, Maddie growls low in her throat and pulls back her lips to show her teeth.

“No offense.” Briar says hurriedly. “Your, er, friend just makes interesting decisions.”

“He came all this way to help me so watch your fucking mouth.” Maddie snarls.

Briar gives a tinkling laugh and waves his hand. “My apologies. Anything I can do for you before you depart?”
>>
No. 1010448 ID: eedbeb
File 163156336343.png - (275.04KB , 1000x1100 , p130.png )
1010448

“Actually yeah.” Ahpin unzips his bag and shows Briar the egg. “I have a couple questions. Do you know how long it takes for eggs to hatch? Also, is there any way to restore Vivian’s mana?”

Briar chews his lip. “Egg business is really Dusty’s area, all I know is that it’ll be a while and if the egg gets cracked or gets exposed to too much foreign mana it’ll become an eldritch. Elves eat mana and slowly produce it overtime, but I’ve heard mortals absorb it through the air in their youth and then use that store for the rest of their lives.”

The elf shrugs. “Mortals are always trying to augment their supply, but they’re just not built for it.”

“Thanks.” says Ahpin, and heads for the spiral staircase.

“Let me guess, you’re hoping I can restore Vivian’s mana?” Maddie asks as they ascend to the first floor.

“Silicon said you were like, a demigod, so maybe it’ll work.” Ahpin says hopefully.
>>
No. 1010449 ID: 96c896

Well it stands to reason that if an elemental can drain mana through a mortal's eyes, then an elemental should be able to put mana back in through the mortal's eyes.
>>
No. 1010453 ID: 2d89f7

Ahpin: "also, I let a couple changlings take some of my Mana, but I dont need it restored."
>>
No. 1010454 ID: 7488d5

Maddie: reminisce the time you and Ahpin first met.
>>
No. 1010456 ID: c92a02

Failing that, maybe we could rip off Carbon's arm and give her sick elemental powers too.
>>
No. 1010467 ID: eedbeb
File 163158275685.png - (324.64KB , 1000x1100 , p131.png )
1010467

“Now that I’m looking, you don’t have that much mana either.” Maddie says from below Ahpin.

“Oh yeah, the changelings ate it.” Ahpin shrugs. “It doesn’t make a difference to me and I’m not trying to get it restored.”

“It’s not a bad thing, it just makes you look different.”

“I remember you said that’s what caught your attention the first time we met. You thought I had to be a wizard and kept buying me drinks.”

Maddie laughs. “And you didn’t even drink them.”

They emerge into the center of Dusty’s domain. Motes are scattered across the walls and there’s a distant argument coming from the path that leads to the exit.
>>
No. 1010468 ID: eedbeb
File 163158277673.png - (248.82KB , 1000x1100 , p132.png )
1010468

A reddish-orange slug sticks her head out of a stone doorway that Ahpin never had the chance to explore. “Eh? You guys are leaving right?”

“Yep, heading out.” Ahpin says.

“Good. Apparently another adventuring party was just sent in after the people who came in yesterday morning. Poor Dusty is real stressed.”
>>
No. 1010470 ID: e5b672

>>1010468
Does she need our help? Anything I can do?
>>
No. 1010471 ID: 3ed3c3

>>1010468
I am more than a little tempted to tell them that it isn't worth it.
>>
No. 1010476 ID: b55c59

Aphin: Offer to tell the other party that it isn't worth it, but don't commit to anything more.

Maddie: Stay out of sight until the other party is out of the way. You didn't get rescued just to get potentially murked by 'friendly fire'
>>
No. 1010492 ID: 208562

Ahpin, offer the Chuck egg to Dusty to take care of, ask her to call you when it hatches in the future. Should make up for the egg she lost and prevents Chuck from becoming an eldritch
>>
No. 1010493 ID: eedbeb
File 163158864210.png - (452.50KB , 1000x1100 , p133.png )
1010493

“Let’s go help her. The adventurers I was with earlier said they’d send people in after me but they didn’t know Dusty’s pissed about the whole egg theft thing.” Ahpin explains.

Maddie hesitates. “What if they see me and freak out?”

Ahpin thinks for a moment. “The hallway’s pretty narrow, so I can walk in front and make sure everything’s cool before you go in.

They set off towards the echoing voices. Ahpin rounds the final bend to see Bob from Nun’ya Business getting wacked in the face by Dusty’s magic feather duster. The other nuns aren’t there, but Rhine is clinging to Dusty’s free arm licking mana off his paws.
>>
No. 1010495 ID: 894419

>>1010493
Okay this guy you can punch and he definitely deserves it.
>>
No. 1010497 ID: 410416

Bob say you found Vivian. Dust tell Ahpin how Rhine's doing. Maddie, be unimpressed by Bob.
>>
No. 1010501 ID: e51896

I'll go with my original suggestion here: >>1010492

Except leave out the eldrich part out, we might offend Bob. Make sure to get Dusty your number to call you when it's hatching time.
>>
No. 1010517 ID: 96c896

>>1010493
Ahpin warn Dusty about Maggie, like you should. Also, inquire about eggs after things calm down.
Dusty be weirded out by Maggie.
Maggie shrug.
Bob be extremely amused by Maggie's plight, and get whacked by Dusty some more.

other nuns: have fled.
>>
No. 1010536 ID: 5c1bb5

Rhine: forgive your pappy.
>>
No. 1010537 ID: 094652

Rhine: Wonder about how deceptive life is as you harden into an egg.
Vivian: Regret life choices and punch wall.
>>
No. 1010550 ID: 96c896

Oh right, another avenue we could pursue regarding Vivian is sprites. They literally suck out mana through a needle. Inject some back in!
>>
No. 1010551 ID: d052fd

Rhine: it's always been "mana this" and "mana that" since you came of age yeaterday, and frankly you're sick of it. Who wants to be a big dumb egg anyway? Sex is apparently some big deal for dad's people like becoming an egg is for yours, and HE seems to be doing fine without it. Screw all that noise, you're gonna be a changeling forever!
>>
No. 1010597 ID: eedbeb
File 163166469778.png - (375.80KB , 1000x1100 , p134.png )
1010597

“Hey, there he is.” Bob says, “Easiest hundred rollad of my life.”

“You were only paid 100 rollad to—fucking adventurers.” Dusty turns to see Ahpin, who tugs at his scarf nervously. Rhine buries his face against the spirit’s chest and refuses to meet Ahpin’s eye.

“You and your friends can go now.” Dusty gestures for Ahpin to join the eldritch.
“Where’s Vivian?” Ahpin asks.

“Amy and Joey are with her at the entrance. New anti-mortal ward keeps people out but not me.” Bob cackles.
>>
No. 1010598 ID: eedbeb
File 163166470622.png - (199.74KB , 1000x1100 , p135.png )
1010598

“We’re leaving, but I have a few things to explain first.” Ahpin addresses Rhine, whose ears twitch to show he’s listening. “I’m really sorry for grabbing you and putting you in danger. I could see that you were scared but I wasn’t thinking and I hurt you.”

“’s okay.” Rhine mutters.

Dusty sniffs. “Rhine will stay here. He isn’t in a hurry to change but I see the other one has turned into an egg, which means he trusts you enough to take care of him. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt one last time.”

“Thanks. I appreciate it. Um, also one of the adventurers who came in earlier killed an elemental and bonded with its core and she’s waiting behind me—”

“I want to see this!” Bob interrupts with a grin.
>>
No. 1010599 ID: eedbeb
File 163166471660.png - (243.07KB , 1000x1100 , P136.png )
1010599

Maddie carefully steps into the small foyer, silver arm stretched behind her to hold the bodies.

“Eugh.” Dusty says. “That’s not natural.”

“I love it.” Bob says, clasping its tendrils together.

Maddie considers Bob. “You’re one of the nuns, aren’t you? Me and Amy go back, I thought she didn’t do dungeon gigs.”

“She was very drunk at the time.” Bob says. “Let’s get out of here so we can get back to the Nutz while Winks is still paying for booze.”

“Yes, please leave.” Dusty shoos Bob towards the exit.

“Bye, stay safe.” Ahpin tells Rhine, then follows Bob into the entry tunnel.
>>
No. 1010606 ID: 6e4236

Everybody: sing and dance to the tune of Nobody Knows It to celebrate the conclusion of this great adventure!
>>
No. 1010609 ID: 71201a

Toilet: plot twist, you were a mimic the whole time, but you want to just chill and hang out at the Nutz with the others and follow them.
>>
No. 1010615 ID: eedbeb
File 163167581950.png - (171.12KB , 1000x1100 , p137.png )
1010615

The faucet of the first floor sink spills its unending stream of pure water. Motes dance across the surface of the white marble.
The tank of the toilet flickers and gains a pair of pixilated green eyes.

“Ah, dat was an interesting visit.” Silicon says to itself. “I wonder what will happen to the girl on de surface.”

It flushes the toilet and watches the water swirl into the bowl.

“Dey didn’t even ask why I was closing de mana vents. Silly adventurers.”
>>
No. 1010616 ID: eedbeb
File 163167583367.png - (349.08KB , 1000x1100 , p138.png )
1010616

Bob sings a cheerful sounding song in a language that hurts to hear while the cool colored crew treks towards the dim opening in the sky.

“I missed wind. And the smell of plants is really good too.” Ahpin says as a breeze blows through his hair bringing the scent of a grass and dust.

Maddie helps them up to ground level and then heaves herself up to the rocky field on the edge of a full sunset.

“That was really fast.” Amy burps. The shark and chinchilla are sprawled on one of the boulders, a radiant lantern between them. At the sight of Ahpin and Maddie, Vivian jumps to her feet in shock from where she was sitting on the ground.
>>
No. 1010617 ID: afe7de

>>1010616

Vivian: Punch Aphin and goad him, say come on, fight me, im fucking pissed, your safe, you have your *fucking girlfriend* and im pissed I have no mana so fucking fight me or I'll feel like shit forever.

Maddie: try to intervene but Aphin stops you

Everyone else look on knowingly and slightly sadly.

Someone: explain the situation with the dungeon to the outside world
>>
No. 1010628 ID: 36784c

>>1010616
Maddie: Ponder how you can try to restore Vivian's mana.

Ahpin: Introduce Maddie and explain that one of the elementals said the she became a half god somehow.
>>
No. 1010636 ID: c92a02

Vivi: hug Aphin, mad as you are you were scared he'd die alone.
>>
No. 1010698 ID: eedbeb
File 163174561843.png - (297.61KB , 1000x1100 , p139.png )
1010698

Ahpin flinches as Vivian runs towards him. "Sorry." he says instinctually and squeaks when the kobold socks him in the stomach. It's a weak punch, but Vivian follows up with the devastating headbutt to his diaphragm.

"I thought you were going to die alone." she sobs against his chest. "But of course you're here and you got your fucking girlfriend and everything's fine but I still don't have my mana and I feel like shit."

Ahpin gently pats Vivian on the back while Bob reports to Amy and Joey.

"We need to report that this dungeon is officially closed to mortals. There's a silicon elemental in there who's over 400 years old and they've been using other metals to build machinery." the eldritch says, surprisingly serious.

"I'll go to the guild office tomorrow." Joey glances at Maddie, who carefully lays her friends' bodies on the ground.
>>
No. 1010699 ID: eedbeb
File 163174562862.png - (254.45KB , 1000x1100 , p140.png )
1010699

Maddie shrinks her silver arm to a normal size, takes Vivian's hands in her own, and drops to one knee.

"You helped Ahpin through the dungeon when no one else would. I'd be crying in the dark still if it wasn't for you. I have elemental powers now and more mana than I know what to do with. Please, will you let me try to restore yours?"

Vivian's lip quivers. "Okay."

How does Maddie transfer mana to Vivian?
-A chaste kiss
-A tight hug
-Vigorous boning
>>
No. 1010700 ID: bc11b8

snug
>>
No. 1010701 ID: c92a02

A not-chaste kiss. The symbolism is important.
>>
No. 1010702 ID: a58e8d

>>1010699
They gotta bone, Aphin needs to look super uncomfortable one last time.
>>
No. 1010705 ID: 629f2e

VIGOROUS Boning
>>
No. 1010706 ID: c992c6

They HAVE to bone, best way to transfer mana. Plus like you HAVE to make it both awkward for Aphin and rewarding for Vivian.
>>
No. 1010707 ID: 0838d6

Bone zone? Yes. Also seeing Aphin get hit for being dumb turned her on. She doesen't NEED to do it and only says that after they're done, but she WANTS to do it, y'know, test out the body, etc, reward the lass who helped him out
>>
No. 1010709 ID: df76b1

chaste kiss, you monsters
>>
No. 1010711 ID: 4a933b

Vigorous boning
>>
No. 1010713 ID: 6e4236

Chaste kiss, the exclusive cat Is watching.
>>
No. 1010714 ID: d052fd

>>1010713
He doesn't own them and I'm not sure he'd care anyway. Fuckin' go to town on her, I assume that's the best way.
>>
No. 1010715 ID: e85a08

vigorous silvery boning
>>
No. 1010728 ID: eedbeb
File 163176567135.png - (272.64KB , 1000x1100 , p141.png )
1010728

Maddie gently pulls Vivian to a soft patch of grass. The women kneel across from each other and Vivian runs her hand through Maddie’s hair.

“10 rollad they start fucking.” Amy whispers to Ahpin.

“What? They’ve never met, I think that’s a little fast to be—“

Maddie kisses Vivian and their bodies glow silver. The kobold puts her hands tentatively on Maddie’s bare chest and squeezes.

“You’re a cute thing.” Maddie breathes, tracing one of Vivian’s horns. The kobold blushes and spreads her legs shyly. Maddie smoothly lowers herself between Vivian’s legs and uses her long tongue to lick along the kobold’s thigh. The glow brightens.

>>
No. 1010729 ID: eedbeb
File 163176568296.png - (236.42KB , 1000x1100 , p142.png )
1010729


Vivian whimpers and lies back on the grass while Maddie starts eating her out. The dog curls her fingers into Vivian’s wet hole while bumping her clit with her long snout.

Ahpin watches for a moment, then turns away.

“Yup, still ace.” he says to nobody in particular.

How do Maddie and Vivian finish?

>>
No. 1010730 ID: 410416

Fireworks.
>>
No. 1010731 ID: e51896

>How do Maddie and Vivian finish?

With a very respectful handshake, and a thank you and you're welcome for Vivian gaining her Mana back.
>>
No. 1010732 ID: c92a02

Silver bullets, chief.
>>
No. 1010734 ID: afe7de

By UZAK Aphin's sister showing up and giving us a retelling of the ending.
>>
No. 1010740 ID: 7d8322

by asking Ahpin to join in
>>
No. 1010751 ID: 094652

Maddie steals Vivian's silver-tinted glasses and stares into her eyes.
>>
No. 1010782 ID: 435078
1010782

Firm handshake and saying no homo.
>>
No. 1010783 ID: 0838d6

>>1010734
What's an UZAK? Is that some kind of fish?
>>
No. 1010793 ID: eedbeb
File 163183714508.png - (247.31KB , 1000x1100 , p143.png )
1010793

The air crackles with energy as Vivian leans back on her hands and lets out a cry. The flames from her mouth explode above her like fireworks, red tinged with bright silver accents.

"I can feel it!" The kobold summons a shower of sparks from her claw tips. "It's a little different, but that's fine, thank you so much!"

Maddie pushes herself to a sitting position and extends her hand. Vivian takes it, slightly confused.

"No homo." the dog says with a wink.
>>
No. 1010796 ID: eedbeb
File 163183722708.png - (321.11KB , 1000x1100 , p144.png )
1010796

Vivian and Maddie laugh and talk the whole way back to the gate station, where everyone goes their separate ways. Ahpin is content to watch them, though he gives Maddie a pat on her shoulder when it’s time for him to go.

He gently puts his bag on the floor once he gets home, tucks Chuck into a cardboard box lined with pillows and blankets, and enjoys an order of takeout while stretching his sore feet.

Nothing can ruin this evening, which is the cue for Ahpin's phone to buzz.

There are several messages from Cepha, asking why he's missing from work, a reply from Eldoon, and at the top, a text from his dad.

Dad: Can you check on your little sister? I haven't heard from her in a while.
>>
No. 1010797 ID: eedbeb
File 163183723378.png - (245.39KB , 1000x1100 , p145.png )
1010797

The story will continue in a couple months, thanks for reading!


Delete post []
Password