[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 136337842412.png - (136.67KB , 610x600 , titlecard.png )
1004245 No. 1004245 ID: da7aaa

[LIFE OUT OF PLACE]
Expand all images
>>
No. 1004246 ID: da7aaa
File 136337869860.png - (290.65KB , 600x600 , 1.png )
1004246

In beautiful autumn of 2011, a man is treading unfamiliar paths of a forest.

Please tell:


>What is his greatest strength and biggest flaw?
>What is his occupation or his is he a student?
>What are his hobbies?
>He is carrying something, what is it?
>>
No. 1004247 ID: eaf2f5

His greatest strength is... Strength! He has been working out regularly for a long time.
His flaw is that he has weak stamina and gets easily winded.

He works at a shop and studies to become a plumber.

His hobby is working out and getting huge!

He is carrying his gymbag, filled with protein shakes, protein bars, towel and gym clothes
>>
No. 1004248 ID: 16c900

>What is his greatest strength and biggest flaw?
a sharp eye with an itchy trigger finger.
>What is his occupation or his is he a student?
"Mercenary" or so he says.
>What are his hobbies?
guns & guns accesories.
>He is carrying something, what is it?
His trusty Ots-38 revolver from his very own personal collection.
>>
No. 1004249 ID: 68bbc5

>What is his greatest strength and biggest flaw?
Immense stamina and foolhardiness.
>What is his occupation or his is he a student?
Self-employed Survivalist
>What are his hobbies?
Treading unfamiliar paths of forests.
>He is carrying something, what is it?
A high-quality multi-purpose survival knife.
>>
No. 1004251 ID: b8e729

His greatest strength would be his keen vision. He is able to make out the most intricate of details from any distance.

His greatest flaw would be his cowardice. He instinctively darts away from any signs of danger without any thought.

He is the manager of his own convenience store.

He loves photography, particularly dynamic shots of animals.

He is carrying an expensive camera.
>>
No. 1004252 ID: 9ddf68

Strength / weakness
Tons of energy and very quick but is rash and never really thinks things through

Occupation
A college student with no idea on what he wants to do for a career

Hobbies
Parkour

What's he carrying
A smart phone with a full charge
>>
No. 1004253 ID: 710329

His strenghts are incredible speaking skills. He can speak himself out of virtually anything and this skill, his one card approach to life is also a good partner in business
He has a huge belly that was cultivated by enormous streams of ale and occasional horns of wine.

He has no hobbies, he is a hobbit.

He is carrying with him a lucky talisman which he stole from a wood elf he first tried and managed to seduce. This talisman brought him into trouble and he is unsure if the wood elves are still hunting him.
>>
No. 1004254 ID: 49e805

>What is his greatest strength and biggest flaw?
Keen perception; He's horribly shy, and consequently bad at talking to people.
>What is his occupation or his is he a student?
LUMBERJACK--just kidding he's a student. History student.
>What are his hobbies?
Bird watching!
>He is carrying something, what is it?
Binoculars and a water bottle.
>>
No. 1004255 ID: 7b3680

he is a quick learner. most things he works on, he picks up on quite quickly. however he is bad at keeping his interests on one thing, and gets bored of things too quickly before he can actually master them.

he is a student. he has studied various things until he got bored of them, so he has dropped out of multiple schools.

he has had one hundred million hobbies- all of the above included.

he carries the picture of his old sweetheart with him. he loves her. she is the only thing he has showed interest in without ever giving up on.
>>
No. 1004256 ID: d5dfa3

>What is his greatest strength and biggest flaw?
His great ability of introspection and deduction, and a weakness of the heart, both literal and metaphorical, respectively.

>What is his occupation or his is he a student?
He has no true profession, but a few seek his advice frequently and many on occasion, and he survives and thrives on their gifts.

>What are his hobbies?
Spending time alone to consider, plan, and ponder.

>He is carrying something, what is it?
The book in which he writes the thoughts and ideas he thinks are the most important to remember.
>>
No. 1004257 ID: 35edd4

His greatest strength is perseverance. His greatest flaw is lack of foresight.

He is a student of engineering. He builds simple little robots.

He's carrying his schoolbag, containing a laptop, writing materials, and a few reference texts.
>>
No. 1004258 ID: cf49fc

>His incredible confidence and unbelievable arrogance
>Corporate executive
>Baseball
>A gun
>>
No. 1004259 ID: 387f16

>What is his greatest strength and biggest flaw?
Strength: Cooking
Weakness: In a wheelchair
>What is his occupation or is he a student?
He is a russian spy
>What are his hobbies?
Inventing new recipes
>He is carrying something, what is it?
A concealed handgun
>>
No. 1004260 ID: 78c6ea

Yeah he's treading a path in a forest, in a wheelchair. Come on people!

>What is his greatest strength and biggest flaw?

His greatest strength is his unquenchable optimism. Coincidentally this is also his greatest flaw.

>What is his occupation or his is he a student?

He is never in one occupation for too long. Currently he sells fine pastries.

>What are his hobbies?

Whistling, cheesy family movies from the 80's, origami and gymnastics

>He is carrying something, what is it?

a bass saxophone.
>>
No. 1004261 ID: 387f16

>>500269
This guy, he seem like tier of bro. Is being second.
>>
No. 1004262 ID: 3cd081

>What is his greatest strength and biggest flaw?

HE IS VERY STRONK. His biggest flaw is that he can't speak.

>What is his occupation or his is he a student?

He is a stone mason.

>What are his hobbies?

Walking, working.

>He is carrying something, what is it?

An injured dog.
>>
No. 1004263 ID: 14bafe

STR: Endurance, he can walk for miles in a forest.
FLAW: Typically the inability to determine which ideas of his are terrible, but currently his lack of direction sense.
JOB: Pastry Chef
HOBBIES: Bird Watching, Inventing New Recipes, Disdaining Sports
CARRYING: Binoculars.
>>
No. 1004264 ID: da7aaa
File 136342765546.png - (30.18KB , 600x600 , 2.png )
1004264

>Keen Vision, bad at talking to people. >Unquenchable optimism, inability to tell what ideas are bad. >History Student >Birdwatching, Photography >Binoculars and Camera


I think I am lost! Again! It's weird really, I thought I knew this forest well-enough.
Oh well, I came here to photograph birds, other animals and autumn anyways. And if I need to get out, walking to a direction should get me out.

... It's really weird, air feels quite bit fresher. It has gotten bit warmer too. At least I won't freeze to death, hehehe.

I can hear rushing water. There should not be rivers around here...
>>
No. 1004265 ID: f2c20c

>>500343
Go immediately to check out the water.
>>
No. 1004266 ID: f133bd

Look at the running water for hours on end.
>>
No. 1004267 ID: 35edd4

Maybe it's a small seasonal creek or something. Go check it out; if nothing else, following a river is a good way to eventually stop being lost.
>>
No. 1004268 ID: 14bafe

Go for a swim.
>>
No. 1004269 ID: da7aaa
File 136343672443.png - (46.11KB , 600x600 , 3.png )
1004269

Found the river. There are some animals drinking from it, cannot identify from this distance, but they look pretty cervidae! Man, I better keep myself low. Could get some great shots here!
Also, that mast... I haven't noticed it before? Or is it even a mast? It's reaching the skies and seems to be far, far away!

Also, I can see smoke at distance, behind trees, probably deeper in the forest. Might be someone's cottage...
>>
No. 1004270 ID: c74c7d

>>500351

Might also be a radio mast, they tend to be really high. Why don't you use the binoculars to look whether it is one or something else.
>>
No. 1004271 ID: 76b151

Radio towers are generally not straight featureless towers that pierce the heavens.

Check out those animals with your binoculars.
>>
No. 1004272 ID: 14bafe

You could get an overhead shot if you climbed that tree way off in the distance to the right of the river. That might look good.
>>
No. 1004273 ID: cf49fc

Oh lordy, it's a Reaver character, with no talent except failure to ignore us.

Head to the structure. You probably shouldn't go there, and so you should.
>>
No. 1004274 ID: d6ef5d

>bad at talking to people
>inability to tell what ideas are bad
Oh goodness, and he has us in his head? This guy is doomed.

Anyways, use tools to check out the animals. It's why you're here, after all. The mast or tower can wait to be checked out later. It's not as if you'll have difficulty locating it.
>>
No. 1004275 ID: 533e92

check out the animals with your binoculars
>>
No. 1004276 ID: 70d86e

Disregard smoke, go towards the tower while making pistol hands and "pew pew" noises.
>>
No. 1004277 ID: 78c6ea

Make "pew pew" noises very quietly while you fire your camera.
>>
No. 1004278 ID: 9ddf68

use your Binoculars to get a better look at the animals and maybe see if it can also give you a better look at the mast on the horizon and use your Camera to take pictures of the animals if you can get some good shots. I mean your lost right now so if you can get some good shots then something good came out of this.

Also is your camera digital or film?
>>
No. 1004279 ID: da7aaa
File 136346339540.png - (17.58KB , 600x600 , 4.png )
1004279

rolled 2, 1 = 3

... What.
I... Haven't seen these kind of animals before. Oh man, oh man, might it be a new breed?!

>Sneaking, TN 3
>>
No. 1004280 ID: 9ddf68

does your camera have a zoom on it? try and take it's picture, and it's day so you don't need to have flash on so make sure it's off. You don't want to scare it away right now do you?
>>
No. 1004281 ID: 76b151

Scan the sky for anything unusual. As far as I know theres nothing like that on earth. You might be a tad more lost then we thought.
>>
No. 1004282 ID: 78c6ea

I don't think you're in Kansas anymore, a man.
>>
No. 1004283 ID: d6ef5d

Hmm. Weird animals you've never seen.

Just a thought, how does the rest of the forest look? Are plants and things stuff that look familiar, or are they completely new? I mean, I know you're not a botanist or anything, but if you go birdwatching, you should at least be able to tell if the environment is suddenly strange.
>>
No. 1004284 ID: 387f16

Disregard common sense due to crippling optimism
Discover new species and become rich and famous
>>
No. 1004285 ID: da7aaa
File 136346425014.png - (20.82KB , 600x600 , 5.png )
1004285

>failure, 0 success
Agh, I think they smelled me and they run away before I could set my camera! I hope I can see them again so I can get a good shot!
It's an analog camera, I like developing photos.

The forest seems familiar, although I am pretty much lost. However, some of plants do seem bit different...
Eh, I don't like this, but I don't want to go back yet. There's good chance I might get snap of some those exotic! Or something else exotic!
>>
No. 1004286 ID: 70d86e

Welcome to Oz boy grab tight onto your buttocks and beg nothing sees you.
Now climb a tree and see if you can catch a glimpse of the place where all that smoke was coming from.
>>
No. 1004287 ID: d6ef5d

All right, let's try explore more a bit and find some more wildlife.

If there's any wind, try walking into it. That way, when we find the next thing, your scent will be blown away from it rather than towards.
>>
No. 1004288 ID: 9ddf68

Oh well at least you got to see it right.

Anyways you could head off to the smoke, I mean were there's smoke there are usually people right, that or a forest fire but if that was the case I believe we would be seeing flames at this point.
or you could wait by the river, climb a tree, and see if you can't see if any other animals come on by, maybe even see a few birds well your hear. it's your choice really.
>>
No. 1004289 ID: 387f16

>>500415
Great idea, with our binoculars higher elevation will give us a good view!
Maybe we can see where those things ran off to.
>>
No. 1004290 ID: cf49fc

>>500413
Yes, we must get to a tower to find more. Seek the Church Tower my friend.
>>
No. 1004291 ID: 35edd4

Take a look at that weird tower with your binocs, then go check out the smoke. Maybe whoever lives there can tell you more about/where to find the animals!
>>
No. 1004292 ID: da7aaa
File 136347143924.png - (18.08KB , 600x600 , 6.png )
1004292

I climb into a tree and take good look at the surroundings.
The tower/mast is way too far away to make detail out of it. It is extremely tall and thin considering the height. It doesn't sway in wind either. I have no idea what it is...

I cannot see too good where the smoke is coming from, trees are obscuring clear view. However, I think there is a tent. I can actually hear some noise coming from there.
>>
No. 1004293 ID: 387f16

A campground! They either have a bonfire or a barbeque going, that's the smoke. Let's head over there, maybe they know where the nearest road is.
>>
No. 1004294 ID: da7aaa
File 136347158509.png - (13.40KB , 600x600 , 7.png )
1004294

I am very spooked. All marks of civilization are gone.
Familiar buildings and chimneys of factories are all gone, as are the sounds of the town.
I... think I am lost worse than I initially thought.
>>
No. 1004295 ID: 35edd4

You may be lost, but don't fret, there are people around! Surely they know where this is.
>>
No. 1004296 ID: 387f16

>>500453
Yeah, we lucked out. It's not safe to wander strange woods alone, but now we have other people!
>>
No. 1004297 ID: 70d86e

Try to get a little closer to the camp, do you see someone? if that's the case are they armed?
>>
No. 1004298 ID: d6ef5d

Yup. You're pretty lost. Oh well.

Let's investigate the tent then.
>>
No. 1004299 ID: eaf2f5

Hey if it was so easy to get lost it probably means that it will be just as easy to find our way back.

But before you start thinking about getting back go check out the tents.

How much film do you have with you?
>>
No. 1004300 ID: c74c7d

Head for the tent, it's the only spot with ANY kind of civilization, right?
>>
No. 1004301 ID: b270b4

you're probably in Narnia by now.

follow the smoke.
>>
No. 1004302 ID: 387f16

>>500470
Watch out for witches!
>>
No. 1004303 ID: da7aaa
File 136348090231.png - (16.63KB , 600x600 , 8.png )
1004303

Alright, heading for the smoke! Maybe they can help me and direct me to exotic fauna!
>>
No. 1004304 ID: da7aaa
File 136348100544.png - (47.82KB , 600x600 , 9.png )
1004304

... Well uh. I think I did find some exotic creatures after all!
>>
No. 1004305 ID: c74c7d

>>500492

Approach with caution, do not run.

Try to be friendly and don't take any photos, they might think you are some kind of a wizard or something
>>
No. 1004306 ID: 387f16

My god, lizard people with a functioning campsite?
You haven't just discovered a new species, you've discovered a new intelligent species!
>>
No. 1004307 ID: bf54a8

don't smile, they may take it as baring your teeth.

try saying hello and keep palms out facing them.
>>
No. 1004308 ID: 14bafe

Climb a tree, take photos from above. Be perfectly safe forever.
>>
No. 1004309 ID: fb528f

Inventory check, you got anything useful to trade?
>>
No. 1004310 ID: d6ef5d

Oh man, lizard people! And they're armed! But does that mean they're dangerous, of just that the area is dangerous?

A cautious, open approach seems best. You don't want to look like you're sneaking or anything. You want to be able to run in they turn out to be hostile or something though. (If necessary, be ready to use your camera-flash to blind them, nethack tourist style).
>>
No. 1004311 ID: f2c20c

>>500492
Wave and say hello!
>>
No. 1004312 ID: 782175

If things start going south feel free to start backing away slowly... Do they even speak the same language as you
>>
No. 1004313 ID: 78c6ea

Or maybe aliens! You could be the first encounter. You should proceed towards them with open arms of peace.
>>
No. 1004314 ID: b33427

...Well. You've either been teleported to an another world, shifted through time, or slipped into a parallel dimension. Possibly all three.

Stand stock still, slowly raise your camera and take a picture of them. Then slowly back away, while remaining facing them, and once you're far enough away turn around and start walking away. Follow your trail back to where you first realized you were lost, and keep following it. Maybe there's a way back back there.
>>
No. 1004315 ID: 2a8a2a

Cheerfully greet them.

Don't bring out the camera unless they are hostile. They will probably assume it to be some sort of sinister magical device (especially considering how the sky tower over there suggests active magic users).
>>
No. 1004316 ID: b270b4

they look civilized. say hello.
>>
No. 1004317 ID: cf49fc

>>500492
Greet and attempt to seduce it!
>>
No. 1004318 ID: 49e805

Slowly back away
>>
No. 1004319 ID: f010d9

Rush towards them while screaming
>>
No. 1004320 ID: da7aaa
File 136351165717.png - (70.96KB , 600x600 , 10.png )
1004320

rolled 4, 6, 4 = 14

I walk towards hands up in peaceful fashion and one of them draws sw...
FUCK
>>
No. 1004321 ID: 76b151

Duck!
>>
No. 1004322 ID: c74c7d

>>500576

Duck yelling "I AM NOT HOSTILE!"
>>
No. 1004324 ID: da7aaa
File 136351251746.png - (15.35KB , 600x600 , 11.png )
1004324

>Opponent chooses 4. Attack connects dealing 2+1 - 1 = 2 damage. 3 HP remaining.

Ugh, that hurt like shit. I.. think they are not very friendly.
>>
No. 1004325 ID: c74c7d

>>500581

I think that's your cue to run
>>
No. 1004326 ID: eaf2f5

Fall down on the ground and look as harmless as possible.
>>
No. 1004327 ID: f2c20c

>>500581
Run away! Take a photo from a distance.
>>
No. 1004328 ID: 3fb7aa

Curl up and whimper.
>>
No. 1004329 ID: bf54a8

flee
>>
No. 1004330 ID: d6ef5d

Well, at least he hit you with the pommel, and not the pointy end.

Hoof it out of there, if you haven't had the wind knocked out of you (if you have- feel free to collapse). Set off the camera flash in his face to blind him, if you have to.
>>
No. 1004332 ID: da7aaa
File 136353014898.png - (40.93KB , 600x600 , 12.png )
1004332

rolled 6, 3 = 9

Yes... the flash! That should blind him! And I might get a good shot too!

Let's hope this works!
>>
No. 1004333 ID: da7aaa
File 136353106215.png - (19.79KB , 600x600 , 13.png )
1004333

>6!
>Degree of success: 4! Critical success!

>SNAP!
Great photo! The lizard clearly has not experienced such flash before, and is disorientated! It is time for me to leg it!
AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
>>
No. 1004334 ID: d6ef5d

>critical camera flash
Excellent work, little tourist.

Now git. Move quickly, but not in a compete panic- you need to pay attention and make sure you don't trip and hurt yourself.
>>
No. 1004335 ID: da7aaa
File 136353186106.png - (30.65KB , 600x600 , 14.png )
1004335

... I think I managed to lose them. Playing baseball really paid off!

Now... I need to reconsider my plan. I am not sure if they are still chasing me.

>Inventory:
>Binoculars
>Camera
>Water bottle (1 litre)
>2x Twix-bars
>Cellphone
>Car-keys
>>
No. 1004336 ID: 997ce7

>>500610
Need a moment? Eat some Twix.
>>
No. 1004337 ID: 2f4b71

>Cellphone
OK, so it probably doesn't have a signal at the moment. If not, turn it off to save power.
>>
No. 1004338 ID: eaf2f5

You should stalk those lizard people! Observe them to learn what is eatable in this forest and where we can get clean water.

Later if they get used to our presence we might try to approach them again, this time with a twix bribe.
>>
No. 1004339 ID: 6286bf

>>500613

still, better check. try to make a call and stuff.

anyway, you better move away from them. they might be searching for you. at the very least they'll be more alert for a second encounter.

try following the stream.
>>
No. 1004340 ID: d6ef5d

Yeah, test the phone to see if you have any signal, or internet, or gps, or anything. Assuming you don't pick up anything, shut it down to conserve batteries. No idea when you'll find an outlet in lizard land.

We should probably keep moving, in case the campsite party searches for you. What are your survival options, longer term? Do you know how to live of the land, or do we need to find some kind of settlement? (Hopefully they're more friendly than the last guys, but in the worst case, you could always steal supplies).
>>
No. 1004341 ID: 9ddf68

head back to the river for now and maybe stay in a tree for a bit. See if you can call anyone on your cell but in the likely chance that you can not then turn it off to save as much power as you can. Also can you navigate by stars? I mean you seem to be the outdoorsy type so I would think you could. If so find a spot to hold up for till night fall and by extension morning and see if you can use the stars to find out where you are or at least to give you an idea on where to go. If you don't know how to use the stars then just keep walking until night and set up camp somewhere
>>
No. 1004342 ID: 78c6ea

Aren't you lucky you had such thick clothing, and that sword wasn't really sharp at all! At worst you have what, a couple broken ribs? Talk about lucking out.
>>
No. 1004343 ID: da7aaa
File 136354451805.png - (29.51KB , 600x600 , 15.png )
1004343

I found the river again.
The cellphone doesn't have any signal, so yeah, shutting it down.
I was really lucky, the bastard struck me with pommel instead of the blade. Guts are still inside and just nasty bruise visible outside. No broken ribs either. It still hurts like shit though.
And yeah, I think I know how to survive outdoors, cannot claim to be an expert though.

Oh well, let's keep low profile now and try to seek more friendly people!
>>
No. 1004344 ID: 9ddf68

would you like to head for the mast in the distance or wait a bit and try and recover a little? Cause I believe it would be better to keep moving but I don't really know what else is out here and I'm just a little hesitant about just wondering around here with just a vague Idea on where we're going.
On the plus side we could probably get some good wildlife photos well we're here so that's something.
>>
No. 1004345 ID: d6ef5d

>Oh well, let's keep low profile now and try to seek more friendly people!
Sounds like a plan.
>>
No. 1004346 ID: 6286bf

oh yeah, the mast. it's as good a landmark as any to go towards.
>>
No. 1004347 ID: b33427

Pick up your trail from when you originally came to the river and follow it back. See if you can find where your tracks first came into this world. Maybe there'll be something there.

If you can't do that, or there's nothing there, then follow the river in whichever direction is farthest away from those lizard-men; Don't want to be spotted by one collecting water or something. You'll have a source of fresh(ish) water if you drink all of yours, and settlements are usually near rivers. Eventually you'll find something.

Go easy on your bottled water, though; Gotta make it last. While the river's fresh water, it ain't treated water. Last thing you need right now is to have to resort to drinking river water and pick up some funky alien water-borne disease.

>>500661
Or away. Or around. It's the best landmark you have. Doesn't mean you have to head towards it. By the way, do you have a compass?
>>
No. 1004348 ID: 387f16

The mast might be best to go to, it's the only landmark we have not to get lost.
>>
No. 1004349 ID: 78c6ea

You don't have to go to landmarks just to use them. Pretend the mast is the north pole or something. It could be a hundred miles away for all you know.
>>
No. 1004350 ID: 34cf7d

Even without landmarks at least try got get some sense of direction. Where is the sun in the sky? Any moss on the trees?
>>
No. 1004351 ID: 55c4cf

Going to want to make one of your top priorities to stay in range of water. No matter where you go, following fresh water is a key factor in staying alive
>>
No. 1004353 ID: da7aaa
File 136379593947.png - (17.24KB , 600x600 , 16.png )
1004353

Yeah, let's move towards the tower! It can't be that far away!

[color]---20 minutes later---[/color]
Jesus, it IS very far away. And considering how high the damn thing seems... It must be taller than anything humans have built! It cannot be natural, that's for sure.
According to the moss, the tower is towards west? The moss seemed pretty unusual though.

I've come to plains and taking good look at the horizon. There seems to be some sort of settlement forward. It will take probably some hours to get there.
Maybe THEY are friendly enough!

Also, weird enough, the trees seem to turn more green towards the tower... I can basically see autumn ending and becoming summer.

So eh, should I go back to the river or go forward to settlement? Or any other good ideas?
>>
No. 1004354 ID: 2595b0

go settlementways.
>>
No. 1004355 ID: 235bd1

Use your binoculars and try to see if the people in this settlement are of the same species that attacked you before.
>>
No. 1004356 ID: 387f16

Yeah, scout out the settlement first from afar.
>>
No. 1004357 ID: d6ef5d

Approaching the settlement and observing them at a distance for a bit seems to be the right idea. Try to figure out what kind of creatures inhabit the city, and what kind of nature they have (for instance, if it's obviously a fortified place with lots of guards and weapons, approaching might not be such a good idea).
>>
No. 1004358 ID: de262c

>>501278
...Check the horizon in the other direction for another "spire".
>>
No. 1004359 ID: ccb2c1

How much you wanna bet this is actually a ringworld, and that's not a spire at all?
>>
No. 1004360 ID: d6ef5d

>>501300
If it were a ringworld, he wouldn't see a spire. He'd see an arch across the heavens. Also, the sun would be stuck at the noon position, which it's not.
>>
No. 1004361 ID: 9ddf68

Use the binoculars to see whether or not the settlement looks peaceful or whatever. Maybe also head to one of those hills on the horizon to see what kind of view you can get.
>>
No. 1004362 ID: 78c6ea

Protip: moss doesn't grow on the south side. It grows on the wet side. That's only south for perfectly 100% vertical postlike trees sparsely separated, which doesn't happen. Navigate by the sun and the tower as a landmark. For all you know this place doesn't even have a north and south pole.
>>
No. 1004363 ID: da7aaa
File 136381468882.png - (110.65KB , 600x600 , 17.png )
1004363

rolled 5, 2 = 7

Well, scouting seems like a good idea. I don't want to get either end of sword in my gut again.

-Moving closer to settlement-
Okay, the settlement seems quite peaceful. Population seems to be bit... colorful! Wonderful! Lots of picture-material!
The place is walled, however, it is not probably difficult to slip in. They neither seem to be very heavily armed.
So eh, what do you think? Should I approach?
>>
No. 1004364 ID: 76b151

I'm seeing a couple different species... but no humans. That might mean they won't take kindly to something new. Pity we can't wrap your face in something and only leave your eyes visible. That would help.
>>
No. 1004365 ID: d6ef5d

Huh. All non-humans. It might be nice to go and poke around, bu you're probably going to stick out!

...we also don't know if there's going to be a language barrier, which could be problematic.
>>
No. 1004366 ID: 235bd1

Use either your scarf OR shirt to cover your face.
>>
No. 1004367 ID: 9ddf68

Well we are going to need someplace to get supplies from at some point and better it be a town where everything can be in one place then having to scavenge the country side and hope to find plants and other things we recognize as edible. so go up to the town with your face covered and try to get in a spot that doesn't have to many people by it, if the people around look like they are about to attack you or something quickly turn around and leave.
>>
No. 1004368 ID: 2595b0

yes. from the front gate. but make sure you have full stamina to run away if these guys are also hostile.
>>
No. 1004369 ID: da7aaa
File 136385845430.png - (76.97KB , 600x600 , 18.png )
1004369

So eh, like this? I think this might do! Hopefully scents or body-shape doesn't reveal me.
Anything else I should do?
So, how should I enter the settlement? Just sneak in or go through front gate like a man?
And what exactly should I seek in the settlement?
>>
No. 1004370 ID: c74c7d

>>501517

You look silly. Well mingle with other "people" then, try to determine whether they speak an understandable language.
>>
No. 1004371 ID: eaf2f5

Through the front gate of course! Surely the earlier confrontation was just some misunderstanding.
Remember strangers are just friends you haven't yet met.

And yes you look silly as hell, grab that cape/tarp/bed sheet from behind you and cover yourself with it.
>>
No. 1004372 ID: 2595b0

front gate like the manly hunk of man you are.
>>
No. 1004373 ID: d6ef5d

Front gate!

Keep your eyes and ears open. We gotta learn as much about this strange new place as possible. Pay attention to language too- you don't want to start babbling in crazy person tongue if nothing her speaks english!
>>
No. 1004374 ID: 387f16

>>501520
But that's stealing! If there's one thing that'll get you in trouble with friends you haven't met it's taking their stuff.
>>
No. 1004375 ID: 9ddf68

leave the cloth in the background alone for now, we don't need it and the last thing we want right now is some kind of bounty on our head for petty thievery. Just walk up to the front gate and see if they do anything well you try and get in the city. If they draw there swords or something at you run like hell if not go into the city and see what you can see. and unless you can hear someone in there that can speak English Try not to talk to anyone.
>>
No. 1004376 ID: da7aaa
File 136388878721.png - (162.12KB , 600x600 , 19.png )
1004376

Oh, this thing? I can see your point there, it would conceal my body-shape and block smell so eh.
It feels nice and has funky pattern too! But yeah, stealing it is wrong. Probably. We are still outside the settlement and there's no one around.
So, will I take it or not?

There's also an axe here.
>>
No. 1004377 ID: 9ddf68

if you want to hide your scent then just wrap yourself in it for a moment then leave it and move on, but remember where this place is on the way back, cause if things go south it would be nice to have some kind of weapon but don't take it now as I'm sure going up to a city looking a little weird is not nearly as bad as going up to a city looking armed. and remember people will only notice how weird you look if you bring attention to yourself.
>>
No. 1004378 ID: d6ef5d

Nah, no stealing stuff, yet. We're still trying to make a peaceful impression. If we walk in wearing that, we run the risk of being seen by the rightful owner and starting a scene.

If the village isn't peaceful or friendly, you may be forced to steal to survive, but that's another matter.
>>
No. 1004379 ID: 387f16

>>501550
This.
Plus we don't want a crazy axe murdering hippy after us for stealing his peace tent or something, right?
>>
No. 1004380 ID: 49e805

Don't take it.
>>
No. 1004381 ID: eaf2f5

Fine don't steal the cloth, just sniff it to see what it smells like.
>>
No. 1004382 ID: c74c7d

Don't steal, dammit. Last thing you want to do is to be a thieving bitch.
>>
No. 1004384 ID: da7aaa
File 136390483310.png - (46.62KB , 600x600 , 20.png )
1004384

Okay, no stealing. Let's stay on good side of the law, if there is any!
I approach the gates, two guards get tense, but seeing I don't have weapons, they let me pass. They keep eyeing me. I think my disguise is not that fool-proof.
They certainly don't speak English either, so eh, but I think we can handle things even without common language!

I am being stared at...
Okay, so I am now in, what's next?
>>
No. 1004385 ID: f2c20c

>>501579
Wander around and see if you can find anyone or anything that's recognizable at all. Also observe what they use for currency.
>>
No. 1004386 ID: 35edd4

I'm .. not actually sure why we're here. We want to know where this is and how we got here so that we can get back, but other than that we don't need anything. Presumably we'll have to either find someone who speaks English (unlikely, seeing as there's no humans) or learn their language. So how do we go about learning their language? We might not even be able to speak it if we do know it, given their different physiology...
>>
No. 1004387 ID: d6ef5d

Explore the town?

Pay attention to stuff. The currency, language, behavior, culture, etc. We wanna learn!
>>
No. 1004388 ID: 387f16

Look for smart, book-type people. If anyone can figure out a means of communication and tell you what's going on, it's them.
>>
No. 1004389 ID: 9ec147

explore until someone approaches you. I suggest an inn or a tavern.
>>
No. 1004390 ID: e1260a

Welcome to the lion's den, do mind your steps (I mean it everything has a tail) if you want to go back you must discover how you got there and to do that you must interact with the folk around to figure out if they know something. Sadly enough, you can't speak their language it seems so figuring out some customs and being capable of reading body languaje is your first priority, then it comes looking if by any chance there is an english speaker around and then lastly is learning about what could have caused you to be in there.

For now try just to wander a bit and see if you find something of interest such as what's their currency, but don't stare too hard, you are drawing attention as it is.
>>
No. 1004391 ID: 9ddf68

just ignore everyone around you unless they approach you or something. If you don't do anything long enough they will lose interest in you and ignore you as well. I say just wander around town and try to stay out of peoples way. just act like a tourist or something taking in the sites. If everything goes alright then maybe you can start taking some pictures, just remember to turn the flash off, you can still get good photos by adjusting your camera's ISO and shutter speed. And if you do start taking pictures try not to make it obvious.
>>
No. 1004393 ID: da7aaa
File 136396475687.png - (97.76KB , 600x600 , 21.png )
1004393

Okay!

1. They seem to be using some sort of simple currency. Small square metal/ceramic chips with square hole in middle. However, trading seems to be more common.

2. The body languages are not that difficult. However, I don't understand their spoken language. The appearance of creatures varies a lot. There only very few of same race.
They seem to be somewhat nervous around me for some reason.

3. Yeah, I will taking some photos! This is a gold-mine! I manage to do it secretly enough!

4. Some time after shooting photos, something/someone approaches me, motions me to follow him outside of the village. Strangely enough, he is dressed in suit under his cloak and carries a suitcase ... Should I?
>>
No. 1004394 ID: 1ebe9d

Yeah sure, if he's noticing something about you maybe he can shed some light on where you are.
>>
No. 1004395 ID: d6ef5d

>Should I?
Why not? Maybe he's another human. Or someone who knows something, at least.
>>
No. 1004396 ID: 1626eb

Thou shall not ignore the plot device.
Also this is pretty much why you entered the settlement anyway.
>>
No. 1004397 ID: 2cd5ff

So far, it's the most familiar sight so go ahead and follow him, but stay alert.
>>
No. 1004398 ID: 9ddf68

sure, just eye some quick exits in case you need to run.
>>
No. 1004399 ID: 68742d

that's the only thing that might be out of the same century as you, so yes.
>>
No. 1004400 ID: 49e805

Go for it
>>
No. 1004403 ID: 76b151

Well, that wasn't ominous at all. Lets go buy you a sword. Should be simple enough to swing around and if you face an experianced opponant you are boned anyway.
>>
No. 1004406 ID: da7aaa
File 136399642323.png - (68.14KB , 600x600 , 22.png )
1004406

I follow him. Again we gather few strange/nervous looks, although they seem to be mostly directed at me. We take some distance and he makes sure no one other than us is around.

The stranger speaks.
>Stranger: "So eh, new here? You came at very unfortunate time. Things are at motion."
"... huh?"
>Stranger: "Now, I am in terrible hurry, so I'll try to keep this short.
>I represent some of those who seek way back home. We have plan in motion to get home and suggest you to not interfere. You will get home when the time comes.
>Oh and... try to get far from this village before the night. I would suggest you to either move towards the Focus or toward Greater Northern Barrier. You should be able to reach it by just going towards north. They are more... peaceful areas. The travel is long, and you should get yourself a weapon... Here. Something to help you out.
He opens suitcase and takes 8 of the strange square coins.
>This should help you. Now, farewell. Do not pursue me. If you need us, just seek for the Profugos."
>>
No. 1004407 ID: da7aaa
File 136399677792.png - (14.44KB , 600x600 , 23.png )
1004407

He takes his leave and disappears into the forest, moving towards east. ( opposite direction to the mast )

"... Buh?"
>>
No. 1004408 ID: d6ef5d

Thank him.

If there's time before he rushes off, can he tell you where this place is? Or why this village isn't safe?

Then I guess we should go into town and buy a weapon and some supplies. We should be able to make purchases without speaking. Although it would help if you paid attention first to figure out how much stuff is worth.
>>
No. 1004409 ID: 9ddf68

ah shit, I think we might have just walked into the beginnings of a revolution or something. Anyway he said we should get a weapon so maybe head back to that funky cloth and grab the ax that was nearby if nobody is around, then head north I guess or keep on going toward the mast or as I guess it's call the focus. I would like to go back to the village to get some supplies but I think we shouldn't do that since the guy did say we should stay away from the village for now and the people their didn't seem to like us very much and most likely don't know our language so it would be a moot point anyways. So I guess just keep going to the mast or 'focus' or start heading north and just see what happens, I'm sure you'll be fine.
>>
No. 1004410 ID: 2cd5ff

Well that was as quick as it was vague.
If he is still within hearing range thank him and ask if they speak english on those places.
>>
No. 1004411 ID: 68742d

go back into town and find a clothes shop.
>>
No. 1004412 ID: 536591

You got some cash now. Better do as he says and buy yourself a stabber (or a gun, whatever).
>>
No. 1004413 ID: 49e805

The "Focus" is probably the mast thing.

He said we should get a weapon. We should probably also get some food, unless you want to try to hunt for your supper or something.
>>
No. 1004414 ID: da7aaa
File 136408643237.png - (66.82KB , 600x600 , 24.png )
1004414

Okay, clearly I will need some longer and sharpen than hand.
After about 15 minutes, I actually manage to find someone who sells some weapons. Well, the selection is bit small.

It seems that most of weapons are from bronze. There is like one or two iron weapons. So primitive...
Oh well, here is what I am seeing:

A bronze hatchet
A bronze sword. Curves a bit.
A club ( Reminds me of a baseball bat. At least I know how to use it. )
An... iron kopesh? Looks kinda like one.
A very ritualistic-looking bronze knife, with crazy curves and all.
A bronze spear. The tip looks pretty neat.
I have no idea how much these things cost...

The clerk looks nervous. This is getting old.
>>
No. 1004415 ID: 78c6ea

How could the clerk be nervous? He is clearly highly intelligent and invincible, not to mention classier than any mortal man, with all the levels.
>>
No. 1004416 ID: d6ef5d

The hatchet could at least be used as a tool? So there's some additional utility in that.

Or the club could be useful in that you could deflect blows with it, try to knock people out without killing them to pieces, and you have some existing skill.

Payment amount can probably be negotiated via hand gestures. Everything counts on their fingers.

If you have money left over, maybe get some food or supplies? Then let's clear out of town before the nervous vibe decides to turn violent. You were warned it's not safe here, and you've already been attacked once.
>>
No. 1004417 ID: 26e4bb

I'd say to go for the club or the hatchet both are solid options.
But all things considered, I'd say the club is the safest option if you want out of the town without alerting one or two paranoids.
>>
No. 1004418 ID: f2c20c

>>502025
I think the club's your best bet. Always use the weapon you know how to use, regardless of the quality of the other ones.

Try using gesture to ask how much it costs, and pay for it.
>>
No. 1004419 ID: b33427

Get at least the club. It requires the least maintenance, and you already somewhat know how to handle it. Plus, it can be used as an improvised hammer if need be.

Also see if you can get the hatchet, since having a cutting tool for wood would be a good idea, and it can double as a backup weapon. If you do get this, make sure to get something to sharpen it as well; It'll do you no good if it gets dull.

The shopkeep is looking so nervous about you, you could probably haggle him down to under eight coins for both if you really tried, just 'cause he wants you out of his shop ASAP.
>>
No. 1004420 ID: 387f16

Get the club. Simple and effective, and probably cheap.
>>
No. 1004421 ID: 76b151

>>502025
Go with the hatchet. Right now if we're gooing to be travelling anywhere we will want fire. And that means firewood.
>>
No. 1004422 ID: e91794

I say get the club. Unlike the rest of the weapons here you don't need to sharpen this one after ever time you use it and all the other weapons you don't know how to properly use so they will be more of a hindrance then help in a fight and if you really need an ax just grab that one ax you past on your way into town. Use whatever money you have left to buy food and water
>>
No. 1004423 ID: 35edd4

>>502040
Didn't we just decide that stealing is bad? Get the hatchet; you've probably used one before, and it'll be a useful tool as well as a viable weapon. If you want a club you can use the hatchet to make one out of a good chunk of wood.
>>
No. 1004424 ID: 9ddf68

>>502074
only if we don't have any other choice, but if we need money for food and supplies more then I'm just saying it's there.
>>
No. 1004425 ID: 91c1b3

Go for hatchet.
>>
No. 1004426 ID: a869cb

get the club.
>>
No. 1004427 ID: da7aaa
File 136412947963.png - (305.09KB , 600x600 , 25.png )
1004427

I guess hatchet and club are both very useful. I bring them on table and gesture that I want these things and will pay with 4 squares. Clerk in tilts head a bit raises 7 fingers instead.

Well eh. That would leave me 1 square, which I think is enough for some food or some piece of clothing.
Of course, I could trade some of my items, but I am not sure if I should. The camera and binoculars are quite expensive and it is not that warm outside...
>>
No. 1004428 ID: eaf2f5

Take the club from the table and see how much just the hatchet costs.
With the hatchet we should be able to make our own crude clubs an spears from some wood.

Buying just the hatchet will hopefully leave us with enough money for food and clothes.
>>
No. 1004429 ID: 4b00a8

buy just the club. unless it's made out of wood. then buy the hatchet.
>>
No. 1004430 ID: d6ef5d

Buy the stuff. Then buy some food and leave town.
>>
No. 1004431 ID: 91c1b3

Just buy the hatchet. We can make a (terrible) club if we have it.
Hey, show him your keys for a sec. If metal is only up to iron here, I want to see his reaction to steel.
>>
No. 1004432 ID: 9ddf68

still think you should get the club but if you do go for the hatchet make sure you also get something to sharpen it as well. You do know how to sharpen a blade right? After you get whatever get some food, water, and maybe a sleeping bag or tent as well depending on what you can find or afford.
>>
No. 1004433 ID: 735f4f

Haggle a bit. Explain you have 3 eggs at home that are starving and your bitch of a wife ran off with the lizard next door. Offer 5 bits for the stuff.
>>
No. 1004434 ID: 2bafff

Hatchet, this is a survival situation it would be far more useful than a club
>>
No. 1004435 ID: de262c

>>502139
See if you can't bring the price down to 6.
>>
No. 1004436 ID: 76b151

Hold up 5. THis is classic haggling.
>>
No. 1004437 ID: 387f16

Just the club.
Firewood can just as easily be branches you break off the trees, and a hatchet requires more upkeep.
>>
No. 1004438 ID: 35edd4

Just the hatchet.
>>
No. 1004439 ID: b5f389

Why not the iron kopesh? I like kopeshes, and it would be easier wield (and sturdier) than the hatchet. Or the spear.

Hold up six squares, or five and something you can stand to part with. Gotta make sure we have at least one square after buying food, for emergencies.
>>
No. 1004440 ID: 34cf7d

The hatchet is a versatile tool. Got your cutting edge for chopping wood, skinning food, back end as a hammer, works as a weapon if needed, and more.
>>
No. 1004441 ID: b5f389

>>502219
If there's too much tin, it could be too soft to even chop wood and would get all bent out of shape after a few uses.

Is it tempered bronze, maybe with some tin in it?
>>
No. 1004442 ID: 34cf7d

>>502221
Bronze is supposedly harder than plain iron. Although, our character here probably wouldn't know that.
>>
No. 1004443 ID: bf54a8

yeah bronze is better then iron. it's just iron is WAY easier to make and work with.
>>
No. 1004444 ID: da7aaa
File 136422179562.png - (25.82KB , 600x600 , 26.png )
1004444

rolled 1 = 1

You take the club from the table and put it where it was. Clerk raises 6 digits. Okay, time to go for 5-4 squares!

I explain him that I am in weird and dire situation, exaggerating a bit and telling bit white lies. All this by simply gesturing!
I cannot fail!

>haggling roll
>>
No. 1004445 ID: da7aaa
File 136422283391.png - (272.39KB , 600x600 , 27.png )
1004445

The clerk seems to get angry! He releases a torrent of words I don't understand ( probably insults ) and in the end gestures that I have to pay 6 squares for this thing or leave the store. Fuck.
>>
No. 1004446 ID: d6ef5d

...you probably accidentally made several obscene gestures or something.

Oh well, at least you didn't both it bad enough for him to try and kill you or something.

Pay, and get out of town already. I'm thinking we've overstayed our welcome, now.
>>
No. 1004447 ID: 9747ef

Pay up and gtfo.
>>
No. 1004448 ID: eaf2f5

Well lets go hunting for some cheap food and clothes.

Also keep listening for people talking any language you can understand.
If there are others who have come here from the 'outside'
Some locals must have picked up at least some words and sayings of the outsiders language.
>>
No. 1004449 ID: 387f16

Pay up and go look for some cheap rations.
>>
No. 1004450 ID: 001618

just pay and go, we don't want to stay here any longer then need be.
>>
No. 1004451 ID: 6179a7

guess you'll have to pay.
>>
No. 1004453 ID: da7aaa
File 136429945264.png - (180.81KB , 600x600 , 28.png )
1004453

I'll take the hatchet and leave. Never again.

After bit of searching, I managed to locate a place that sells food ( by smell ) and clothes.
What sort of clothes are we looking for again? And how much food should we try to get? We only have 2▣ though... But that should be enough for some things!

I shall leave once I have the rations and clothes. But where should I head? Towards the Greater Northern Barrier ( which is most likely to north, not sure how far away ) or the Focus ( the big mast I assume, not that far away I think )? Or should we head to somewhere else? Or stay here, against masked man's recommendation?
>>
No. 1004454 ID: c74c7d

>>502402

Focus is the best destination.

You should search for robes, cape or cloak... something that would conceal your figure. As for food? What do they have?
>>
No. 1004456 ID: 6179a7

you'll hunt for food, so you don't need more than a couple days' worth i.e. until you get the hang of it. the clothing is more important. you need a hoodie. bad.
>>
No. 1004458 ID: d6ef5d

Spend one square getting some kind of cloak or hood for protection from the elements, and to conceal your figure. Spend the last square getting some dry rations of some kind. Traveling food- the bland kind of stuff that doesn't look to spoil fast.

Then head towards the focus.
>>
No. 1004459 ID: 4224e5

>>502402
Cloak. Conceals your figure, likely to be rain-proofed, and keeps body heat in for sleeping. Useful things, cloaks. As for food... Food is good. Travel rations.
>>
No. 1004460 ID: 9ddf68

I say head toward the mast like we've been doing, at least we can see that one, I would say the Greater Northern Barrier but that one doesn't look as easy to spot in the distance unlike the mast so without a map I say go toward the focus.

As for what to buy, just get something that can protect you from the elements and can conceal your figure a bit, nothing fancy just practical that way it shouldn't cost to much, and for food just see if you can find some dried meat and/or fruits because we have no idea how long we will be traveling and dried food tends to last longer. Oh and see if they have a water skin or something to. Water is very important.
>>
No. 1004462 ID: da7aaa
File 136434002945.png - (122.89KB , 600x600 , 29.png )
1004462

rolled 2 = 2

Spend all the remaining money... Now I have cloak, food and towards the Focus I go!

Hopefully anything bad won't happen.
>>
No. 1004463 ID: b89cf7

uh-oh.
>>
No. 1004464 ID: 7dbd6b

rolled 4422 = 4422

>>502465
Relax, it's a d6.

On the other hand, it doesn't hurt to have your hatchet out.
Jegus, if that thing cost six squares and that entire outfit cost two, the thing better shoot lasers or something.
>>
No. 1004466 ID: 7dbd6b

Whoops, ignore that roll.
>>
No. 1004468 ID: da7aaa
File 136434169459.png - (12.34KB , 600x600 , 30.png )
1004468

The night
The sun set surprisingly quickly. I did advance quite a bit, the Focus coming closer and closer.
>>
No. 1004469 ID: d6ef5d

>>502460
Hey, you look like a wizard now!

>>502471
Scan the area with your binoculars. Is there another settlement nearby? Or anything that would work as some kind of shelter where you could spend the night? You'll need a relatively sheltered, preferably concealed, location to eat and sleep.
>>
No. 1004470 ID: da7aaa
File 136434190043.png - (11.98KB , 600x600 , 31.png )
1004470

Looking back, the village looks like it is on fire.

... Maybe it is. Hopefully not.
Oh well! I need to think how I should rest/sleep this night. Or should I sleep at all? Any ideas?

And just to mention: I have about estimate of 3-4 days of food/water left.
>>
No. 1004471 ID: d6ef5d

Oh, jeeze. Hopefully they're not burning down and they're just having a bonfire or something. ...and hopefully said hypothetical bonfire isn't where they whip themselves up into a frenzy to go hunt down the human.

>Any ideas?
What are our options for a campsite? We'd like something relatively secure and hidden. You don't know what the wildlife here is like, or if there will be hostile natives.

So no fire, for one. And sleep under some kind of cover. Or up a tree. Or in a cave. Or something.
>>
No. 1004472 ID: 9ddf68

I think it would be better for you to rest now because we have no idea what is out here and I would rather face them with full energy then dead tired. well you're in a summer area now right? so unless it starts raining or something you shouldn't have to worry about freezing to death or exposure. Still it's better to sleep off the ground when you can so try and see if you can find a tree that looks like you could sleep in and not roll off of to easily, but if you can't then just find one that looks like it can give you some cover and sleep under it then just use your new cloak as a blanked/sleeping bag and use your backpack as a pillow.
>>
No. 1004473 ID: 4224e5

>>502473
Returning there would be unwise. Keep walking.
>>
No. 1004474 ID: de262c

>>502473
Check it out with the binoculars.
>>
No. 1004475 ID: 78c6ea

Don't worry it must just be village festival bonfire fun. The night is warm enough, and you'll probably not get eaten by anything if you just take a quick nap.
>>
No. 1004476 ID: ab40bd

.... I have a feeling our other human buddy may have had a part in burning the village.

ANYWAY! We should see about getting a sweet mask like his sometime! Something that looks cool! Like a happy cat mask! We do need to conceal our face, after all!
>>
No. 1004477 ID: b89cf7

on a tree.
>>
No. 1004478 ID: da7aaa
File 136439803166.png - (207.70KB , 600x600 , 32.png )
1004478

Yeah, sleeping in a tree is good. Bit uncomfortable, but I can manage.

... I wonder if I wake up in my own bed. I can always hope.

Good night.
>>
No. 1004479 ID: da7aaa
File 136439809664.png - (1.60KB , 600x600 , 33.png )
1004479

rolled 1, 3 = 4

...zzz...
>>
No. 1004480 ID: da7aaa
File 136439956089.png - (119.35KB , 600x600 , 34.png )
1004480

Good morning! Slept bit rough, it got cold up there, but I am fine, mo- ACHOO!
Yeah, everything is fine. Still here.

Anyway, first night clear. During the night it seems people have been snooping around. There are footprints. Clawed feet, boots, not exactly wildest of wildlife.
All my belongings are still with me.
So, should I continue right away or investigate this? Or do something else important?
>>
No. 1004481 ID: d6ef5d

Oh goodie! You didn't fall out of the tree or get discovered by hostiles. Caught a cold, but you can't win 'em all.

>investigate this?
Why not. Remember to use your binoculars rather than actually closing in on who or what ever is on the other end of that trail of footprints. Don't follow them too far, or off in the wrong direction (away from the focus) either. If whoever left the footprints is long gone, or going the opposite direction from us, we don't really have to worry much.
>>
No. 1004482 ID: 001618

I say keep heading toward the focus but if the tracks along the way I don't see to much harm from looking around a bit. Just don't get sidetracked following tracks all day as we do want to get to the focus sooner rather then later seeing as we only have enough food for a few days and no money to buy more should we run out.
>>
No. 1004483 ID: eaf2f5

I say investigate the tracks the giant tower won't probably go anywhere.

And who knows it might be someone in the same situation as us and they might be willing to explain something about this world.
>>
No. 1004484 ID: e9140c

yes, yes. do the ranger.
>>
No. 1004485 ID: fafb12

Sneezing.. that's actually fairly significant. Colds are infections, so that means whatever this place is, it's based on terrestrial (or compatible) biochemistry.

Bad news: you probably aren't immune to their horrible diseases.

Good news: food should not rend your insides apart.
>>
No. 1004486 ID: da7aaa
File 136442544190.png - (32.60KB , 600x600 , 35.png )
1004486

rolled 2, 5 = 7

Well, tracking is no problem. Some of the tracks are very easy to see. They were probably heavy or carrying something heavy. About six of them, two barefoot and four with boots.

... I think I found them. Try to lay down and see what is going on from safe distance so I don't get the pommel again.
>>
No. 1004487 ID: e9140c

wow, that is the single most average roll I've ever seen.
>>
No. 1004489 ID: da7aaa
File 136442669536.png - (25.60KB , 600x600 , 36.png )
1004489

>success

Ah, I got a clear view and from sufficient distance and safety no less!
It's those lizards again! Probably not the exact same lizards, but who am I to tell them apart. They have set up some small camp there. They are armed, have prisoners/hostages/whatever and generally look pleased with themselves.
So uh, what now? I am pretty hidden, so chance of detecting me is low! Well, that is if I stay here.
>>
No. 1004490 ID: d6ef5d

Can you make out the prisoners? One of them looks like the shopkeeper who sold you the axe!

Looks like we know what the fire last night was. The lizard slavers attacked the village.

Hmm. It would be nice to help the prisoners get free, but I'm not sure how we'd manufacture a rescue, yet.

How many lizards are there? How is there camp set up? What's nearby? If there's few enough of them and terrain we can use, we might be able to come up with a workable plan.
>>
No. 1004491 ID: 387f16

Do any of the hostages look like people from the village? How many lizards are there?
>>
No. 1004492 ID: 91c1b3

How well armed are they? Bronze/iron? Do any of them have a bow?
>>
No. 1004493 ID: 9ddf68

I don't really think there is anything you can actually do here but hey I've been wrong before. If you do feel like helping people out you're going to have to scope the place out, see how many lizard people there are, what kind of patrol routes do they have, how well armed are they, were do they keep the prisoners, ect ect.
But I'm not really sure we should get involved as we really have no idea what is going on right now. This could be just a group of bandits attacking a few small settlements or you could be walking into a war that has been going on for a long long time, maybe even something else. I'm not saying leave because f*** those people unfortunate enough to get caught but because we just don't have enough information to make good decisions right now.
>>
No. 1004494 ID: 78c6ea

Aw man, and you almost assumed it was just a cheery bonfire too! Close save. Well now you got to go save them all. They're good people, and those lizard guys can't be too hard to fight!
>>
No. 1004495 ID: af8414

STAY HIDDEN or MOVE AWAY FROM THEIR LOCATION
>>
No. 1004496 ID: a999d5

>>502594
Stay hidden. Maybe they're stupid and won't set a night watch?
>>
No. 1004497 ID: 31d13c

Is that the clerk from the store earlier?

New objective: save clerk, get store discount
>>
No. 1004498 ID: 360445

Id say stay there and wait for them to leave. A rescue mission would be pointless, since we're probably not the best person to go hand-to-hand combat with a few six foot tall (or so) lizardmen.

If they both leave to get water or something, though, try to free the slaves and steal a better weapon. And some money.
>>
No. 1004499 ID: 35edd4

Stay hidden. Follow them at a safe distance while they move. Provisional plan is to sneak in at night and make off with the slaves. If they're so pleased with themselves they might not set a proper guard.
>>
No. 1004500 ID: e9140c

move around and scout their encampment from different points. get a decent hold of the layout for tonight, when you'll sneak in and make off with their slaves and maybe some other stuff too.
>>
No. 1004501 ID: da7aaa
File 136448548957.png - (14.12KB , 600x600 , 37.png )
1004501

rolled 3, 4 = 7

Well eh, let's sneak about a bit then! Don't worry, I know what I am doing!
>>
No. 1004502 ID: da7aaa
File 136448565279.png - (120.56KB , 600x600 , 38.png )
1004502

Hehe, managed to circle the place without getting notice. Great, great...
There are 14 of lizard and four hostages/prisoners/slaves/whatever. The lizards are armed with various weapons. I think it's bronze/iron. About four of them have a bow as weapon. Some are pretty heavily armored.

So eh... Any good ideas?
>>
No. 1004503 ID: eaf2f5

Set the forest on fire. Then in middle of the confusion lets save the prisoners and live happily ever after!
>>
No. 1004504 ID: d6ef5d

14? I only see 12 on the map, there.

Man, there's a lot more of them then I expected. And we can't hope to fight that many, and it's not like you can sneak right in the middle of the camp and walk off with the prisoners without being noticed...

I'm not sure I see a way to make a suitable distraction, either. We've got what to work with, the trees and the river over there?

I hate to say it, but I think we're stuck! Going in is just gonna get you killed or captured yourself.

>set the forest on fire
I know you have a hard time seperating good ideas from bad. But that? That is a bad idea.
>>
No. 1004505 ID: 4ea529

Odds're against us. Nice as it would be to rescue those slaves, it won't do them any good to die. And a fire is just plain a terrible idea. Either it won't catch, or it'll and we'll face a large risk of getting caught in it.

From the looks of it, we'll have to just move on.
>>
No. 1004506 ID: 16fad9

dig up a pitfall and lure one into it. then do it again. if you get rid of the two northernmost lizards this way or some other way without alerting the rest, you could sneak off with them to the north.
>>
No. 1004507 ID: 76b151

>>502658
we lack a shovel, and that sorta thing is a lot of work.
>>
No. 1004508 ID: 16fad9

>>502659

then some other kind of trap. I'm sure someone can come up with something. exposure to hard work is a lot better than leaving four people to some potentially horrible fate anyway.
>>
No. 1004509 ID: 9ddf68

As nice as it would be to help those four I don't think there is anything you can do without get caught/killed yourself so I think it would be best if you just moved on. And I don't think we have the time, tools, or enough people to set up any kind of trap that could stop/slow down more then 1 or 2 lizards much less 14.
>>
No. 1004510 ID: 387f16

Maybe just a little fire?
You know, to distract them. Then you can signal the prisoners to make a break for it, if they don't on their own.

Oh, wait. How bad are the prisoners tied up? Unless you're good with rope, being too tied up to run means we can't help them, since we have no good rope-slicing knife.
>>
No. 1004511 ID: 34cf7d

>>502690
We have a nice rope-slicing hatchet though.
>>
No. 1004512 ID: d6ef5d

>>502690
The problem with a little fire (aside from the fact we're deliberately setting a forest fire), or any 'small' distraction really, is it will temporarily draw the attention of some, but not all, of the guards.

Which means we then have to sneak in past the remaining guards to rescue the prisoners, and then sneak out with the prisoners. Additionally, a small distraction will not keep the slavers busy for long- freeing them up to pursue, search, and/or track us and/or the prisoners almost as soon as they notice the prisoners are missing.

If we want to mount a rescue, we need some way to keep all or most of the lizards busy, and for long enough they can't pursue.
>>
No. 1004513 ID: bf54a8

we need to find some large animals and cause a stampede .
>>
No. 1004514 ID: da7aaa
File 136456298178.png - (180.94KB , 600x600 , 39.png )
1004514

I guess I just have to leave them. Maybe situation will solve itself in some manner.
Let's move towards the Focus again.
>>
No. 1004515 ID: da7aaa
File 136456441025.png - (21.10KB , 600x600 , 40.png )
1004515

Otherwise uneventful day passes.
Urgh, tired. I am closer to the Focus, but it still looms so far away.
Took some photos of animals. Local fauna is certainly interesting. Big flying lizards etc. Didn't run into anything nasty though. Well, did, but managed to avoid it. I probably should think about sleeping again. I have 2 days of food/water left.

Oh hey, there's someone camping.
>>
No. 1004516 ID: 387f16

Cast Binoculars
>>
No. 1004517 ID: d6ef5d

Aw. It's sad, but you didn't have a good way to help them.

>there's someone camping
Someone unafraid of being discovered, if he has a fire going! That says something, in a land of beasts and slavers.

Scout out the campsite with binoculars. What we got, here?
>>
No. 1004518 ID: c8a283

sneakitty sneak
>>
No. 1004519 ID: 9ddf68

use your Binoculars to see who or what is at this campsite then we'll plan from there.
>>
No. 1004520 ID: cb87d1

Yes, binoculars! If they're unafraid of being found, then they may be able to detect us sneaking. Also, sneaking is suspicious and we dont want to surprise someone potentially dangerous!
>>
No. 1004521 ID: da7aaa
File 136460618337.png - (28.37KB , 600x600 , 41.png )
1004521

Hm. Hm hm hm. What do you think?
>>
No. 1004522 ID: cb87d1

Looks like there's more than one of them, the others are sleeping. That guy has a weapon near him...

We could either just continue on to the Focus or try to make contact. If we go with contact, make sure to make yourself seem as little threatening as possible.
>>
No. 1004523 ID: 76b151

It would be nice to share a fire. Even if you don't share a meal at least you will be warm. Approach them, hands out like you tried before showing them empty. If they act hostile flee. If they don't gesture at the fire.
>>
No. 1004524 ID: c8a283

just one guy? or gal? or thing? whatever, point is, you can deal with a loner. just keep your distance in case he turns out to be hostile and doesn't use the hilt of the big fuck-off axe he's got there.
>>
No. 1004525 ID: 9ddf68

I think it would be nice to make a friend but that weapon he has is making me a little hesitant to try. Plus I think I see two more in the background sleeping in that tent thing. I think it would be best if we just kept moving just a bit longer then see if you can find a nice spot to make your own camp for the night, or at least another tree to sleep in.
>>
No. 1004526 ID: eaf2f5

Have faith in the good of people.
Im sure they will gladly share their camp with a fellow traveler, especially one that looks as harmless as you.
>>
No. 1004527 ID: f2c20c

>>502739
This guy isn't a lizard like the other guys that attacked you without provocation. I say approach cautiously but be ready to flash-blind him and run if he looks like he's going to attack.
>>
No. 1004528 ID: da7aaa
File 136466056767.png - (109.50KB , 600x600 , 42.png )
1004528

rolled 3 = 3

I approach as peacefully as I can keeping the camera ready under my cloak. The thing sitting on the log notices me. He doesn't draw his weapon.
I try to gesture that I want to them to share their camp with me. Hopefully this will do!
>>
No. 1004531 ID: da7aaa
File 136466243140.png - (60.55KB , 600x600 , 42.png )
1004531

>success

He gestures in return that I may. Great! The campfire is so soothing and all, it is much better to sleep here than hiding.
Although I am not sure if I should let my guard down? Should I just try to sleep now or do something?
>>
No. 1004532 ID: f06036

offer to share your food. don't insist if it refuses. try to talk, or something. and no, don't let your guard down for a second- keep your axe in reach and always be ready to draw it quickly.
>>
No. 1004533 ID: da61c0

>>502819
when you sleep, sleep lightly
>>
No. 1004534 ID: 9ddf68

I'd say warm up a bit then when you feel comfortable move along just a bit and find somewhere to sleep there.
>>
No. 1004535 ID: 76b151

if we do sleep here make sure to wrap the straps of your binoculars and bag around you so they have to move you to get at them. Better yet would be to curl up around them while you do so.

Also are you a heavy sleeper or a light sleeper? If you can sleep through a hurricane it might be a good idea to go sleep alone.

In any case share a bit of food with your host before heading off or going to sleep. Its only polite.
>>
No. 1004536 ID: 642871

I agree with sharing a little food, but not all. We need that.

Also, if we sleep here, be sure to put all your belongings in a place where they cant easily be stolen... and, somehow make sure it's okay that you sleep there?

Sitting by their fire is one thing, sleeping there is another.
>>
No. 1004537 ID: da7aaa
File 136468986194.png - (137.29KB , 600x600 , 44.png )
1004537

I share some of my food, the keeper of the fire seems delighted by my generosity.
I am somewhat between light sleeper and heavy sleeper, but yeah. I think it sufficiently safe to sleep here. Bit of warmth, someone watching over. All good.

Yawwwn. Good night.
>>
No. 1004538 ID: d6ef5d

Wake up peacefully and happily, and discover you have neither been robbed, murdered, and/or tied up in your sleep.
>>
No. 1004540 ID: da7aaa
File 136469080999.png - (3.90KB , 600x600 , 45.png )
1004540

Zzzz.

Time to distribute some experience points. Current experience point count is 3.
You can use them up now or save them for later.

Skills - 2 points
Buy from following:
- Spying
- Hacking with an axe
- Gesturing
- Tracking
>Skill grants additional dice to relevant task rolls.

Extra Hitpoint - 3 points
Increase maximum hitpoints by 1. Current hitpoints: 5/5

Extra Defense - 4 points
Increase damage reduction by 1.

New Quality - 10 points
A very broad skill. ex. strong, soldier, smart. Grants additional dice to relevant task rolls


>>
No. 1004541 ID: af8414

SKILL: GESTURING
>>
No. 1004542 ID: 387f16

Let's get spying. We're already a decent scout; let's become an excellent scout.
>>
No. 1004543 ID: f2c20c

I say we actually learn how to use that axe.
>>
No. 1004544 ID: 35edd4

Gesturing. Communication is always key.
>>
No. 1004545 ID: d6ef5d

>>502865
Seconding spying. We've got binoculars and a camera in a world that apparently has neither. We can be an excellent spy.
>>
No. 1004546 ID: 387f16

>>502869
Better yet, it's a camera with photos only we know how to develop.
Whoever wants it needs us.
>>
No. 1004547 ID: 26e4bb
File 136469188107.jpg - (104.99KB , 425x600 , 1326773650908.jpg )
1004547

Spying is the way to go.
>>
No. 1004548 ID: 642871

>>502868
Seconding gesturing. Communication is big.
>>
No. 1004549 ID: 35edd4

>>502870
I don't think we'll have any success developing it without the appropriate chemicals, and we're certainly not qualified to formulate them ourselves.
>>
No. 1004550 ID: 387f16

>>502888
That's what training alchemy ranks later on is for!
>>
No. 1004551 ID: 9ddf68

I pick spying since we seem to be doing a lot more sneaking around then 'talking'.
>>
No. 1004552 ID: 4224e5

>>502863
Save em up.
>>
No. 1004553 ID: f06036

why learn gesturing when you'll eventually learn to speak anyway? I say learn hacking.
>>
No. 1004554 ID: da61c0

>>502909
you need to be able to communicate to be able to speak the tongue. who will teach you without being able to understand you?

does spying include sneaking? if so then i vote spying. otherwise - Gesturing!
>>
No. 1004555 ID: 531c77

Gesturing!!
>>
No. 1004556 ID: 76b151

spying.
>>
No. 1004557 ID: 91c1b3

Gesturing
>>
No. 1004558 ID: c74c7d

Posing and gesturing
>>
No. 1004559 ID: da7aaa
File 136491059054.png - (178.06KB , 600x600 , 46.png )
1004559

>Skill gained: spying. Additional dice when doing spy-related activities ( infiltration, sneaking, etc. )

Good... morning I guess. This night was bit better, warmer, although I am still bit tired. Might be because I haven't had any coffee.
Alright, they did not steal anything, goody. I guess I should pack my stuff and go for the Focus?
>>
No. 1004560 ID: f2c20c

Wait a second. Is that guy over there human too? It'd be nice to talk to someone who knows your language, and maybe you can ask about the odd behavior of that guy you met at the village.

Also ask what the hell's going on in general.
>>
No. 1004561 ID: d6ef5d

Oh fun, you're going to be going through caffeine withdrawal.

Might want to eat a little breakfast before you go. Maybe observe your temporary neighbors for a little bit. They don't seem bothered by your presence, unlike the last town.
>>
No. 1004562 ID: 265880

Heh. These guys look fuzzier than the others. The one in the hat almost looks human at this angle.
Stay and observe, long enough to eat yourself a quick breakfast and give them a sort of goodbye. A nod or polite wave or something. They speak any language?
>>
No. 1004563 ID: 265880

Oh and I just noticed, is that guy bleeding? The cloth he's holding to his face has red stuff on it... unless, that is, they had breakfast and you missed it. Account for all your limbs!
>>
No. 1004564 ID: a999d5

>>503495
Don't look now, there's another human.
>>
No. 1004565 ID: f9caf5

see if any of these guys can speak your speak. attempt to communicate with them either way. maybe you can hitch a ride.
>>
No. 1004566 ID: 9ddf68

make yourself a quick meal and see if you can't start a conversion with our new friends. if none of them speak English then simply thank them and keep on heading toward the focus as I'm sure our food suples are geting a little low. If at least one of them speaks the langue then start asking some questions like where the hell are you, how did you get here and what the hell is going on around here, also ask about the focus and the great northern barrier as well. (never hurts to have a backup place to run to encase things go to hell)
>>
No. 1004567 ID: af8414

Hey! Another human. Do they speak english? Say hi!
>>
No. 1004568 ID: da7aaa
File 136494740932.png - (131.34KB , 600x600 , 47.png )
1004568

I start eating breakfast, and while at that, try to strike conversation with the stranger.
He appears to be quite young, about 14-15. And yeah, he had a nosebleed.

"Ummm. Hi."
>Stranger: "Huo?"
"Do you speak English?"
>Stranger: "Oh, do I, do I. You upwoke just?"
He has strong foreign and alien accent.
"Uhh."
>Stranger: "I see. Just got here?"
"Ah, yes."
I introduce myself and he introduces himself as 'The Red One'

I am not sure what to ask, HELP.
>>
No. 1004569 ID: 35edd4

What is this place?
>>
No. 1004570 ID: f2c20c

>>503587
Where are we, what did he mean by 'woke up', are there any attempts at recreating human civilization and high tech stuff? Why was everyone at the village scared of us?
>>
No. 1004571 ID: d6ef5d

Introduce yourself in return (you do know your name, right? Or do we need to make one up for you?). Ask him how long he's been here, and what he knows about this place. What's with all the villagers being nervous about you, and the mean lizard people? What's with the focus tower?

Where and/or when was he from on Earth?
>>
No. 1004572 ID: 9ddf68

ask if there is anything we should make a point to avoid and why. Like wild animals, plants, certain races, dangerous groups and/or counties, you know that sort of thing. Also ask how common is it for someone to just randomly pop up in this world and if only humans are the only creature that get pulled into this world or not. And on the topic of species what are all the intelligent species in this world and what are they like. since we are probably going to have to learn that sooner or later might as well learn it now if we can.
>>
No. 1004573 ID: b33427

Ask him where he learned to speak English, and if he's met anybody else with an accent similar to yours; Is he a native of this world, or did he "pop" in like you did? For that matter, do you remember what kind of accent the guy that gave you the money had?

Mention that you met one other man so far who spoke English like you do; Better than The Red One by quite a bit, too. He wore a white oval mask with three eye holes, and the image of a hand covering where its mouth would be. He gave you some money and told you to head to the Focus or the Greater Northern Barrier for your safety. Ask if The Red One has any idea who that guy was, or why he helped you out.

And since you're already asking a ton of questions, also ask him how come his nose is bleeding. Somebody hit him?
>>
No. 1004574 ID: e71208

does he need help? because it's pretty much always serious when people cough up blood, so hopefully he just has a mild mouth wound.

other than that, ask him if he came from the same world you did. you know, the one without weird doobie lizards and shit.
>>
No. 1004575 ID: 9747ef

>>503589
We were just asleep. It's not a metaphor.
>>
No. 1004576 ID: de262c

>>503587
Sounds like he was born here, or at the very least brought here as a young child. It sounds like he hasn't spoken with another human in a very long time. He won't be too helpful.
>>
No. 1004577 ID: f019fc

>>503589
>what did he mean by 'woke up'
We... just woke up. We were sleeping.
>>
No. 1004578 ID: 2f4b71

It may be just that he hasn't spoken in English for several years, and is too used to the sentence structure of whatever the most popular local language is.
>>
No. 1004580 ID: da7aaa
File 136505950883.png - (153.26KB , 600x600 , 48.png )
1004580

Where are we
>"Small and weird world, old existence. I don't know."

Ask him how long he's been here, and what he knows about this place.
>"Over half of my life, knowing still not that much."

Where and/or when was he from on Earth?
>"I remember old world of gray. I don't miss anymore."

What's with all the villagers being nervous about you
>"Hidden nature of our, becoming real here. I don't know more."

What's with the focus tower?
>"Hallow grounds, in middle of everything. Can be seen from everywhere. Peak is mystery."

does he need help
>"I am just cursed."

Also ask how common is it for someone to just randomly pop up in this world and if only humans are the only creature that get pulled into this world or not.
>"We are alone here. Fifth you are I've seen."

and the mean lizard people?
>"Dragonfolk, fighting for their lord. I am to stop their general. In way. Before they cover more, I need to move quickly."
>>
No. 1004581 ID: f2c20c

If he's heading towards the Focus, perhaps we can help him in some manner and tag along?
>>
No. 1004582 ID: 9ddf68

so what I gathered from him is that we are in some kind of pocket world/dimension that for some reason grabs and pulls random humans into this world and whatever causes us to be here makes the locals afraid of us? did I get that right or did I miss something in there?

And it seems that the lizard or 'Dragonfolk' are in some kind of war with whatever we call the other people here and this guy is going to try and stop them somehow. Don't think we should help and just keep on going to the focus as we have little to no fighting skills and if he is going to try diplomacy we don't speak the language so we will be no help there either. So I guess all that's left for us to do is thank him for his hospitality and maybe ask about the other humans he said he has seen through his travels before we say goodbye.
>>
No. 1004583 ID: 6f705d

Inquire about his curse and our special nature.
And I just realized that facepaint would be a baller way to fit in if we can't find a mask.

Oh, maybe he can teach us some useful phrases in the native language?
Since some of us squandered our chances to get better at gesturing and communicating...
>>
No. 1004584 ID: e71208

can you help with that? it's as good a purpose in this land as any other.
>>
No. 1004585 ID: d6ef5d

Hey, he's trying to stop the lizard people? Those jerks tried to hurt you, and captured a bunch of the villagers the other day!

You've gotten pretty good at scouting and spying, maybe you could help.
>>
No. 1004586 ID: 387f16

>>503845
This. He seems like a pretty cool guy.
>>
No. 1004587 ID: da7aaa
File 136525453146.png - (121.91KB , 600x600 , 49.png )
1004587

Inquire about his curse and our special nature.
>The Red One: "Cursed was I by my foe, to die slow terrible death. Not much time left."

... That is depressing.

>"For our nature, we are beings beyond the veil, beyond the dome of day and night. We cannot be separated from demons and horrors out of veil. It is their nature to fear us. To me they have adjusted, as I am hero for them."

Oh, that explai- no, it doesn't.
I ask about if I can follow him. He says they are moving to west, away from tower towards the place where I came from.
Are you sure I should follow him?
>>
No. 1004588 ID: d6ef5d

Follow the plot hook. We can always resume the trek for the tower at a later date. It's not as if it's going anywhere, or will be hard to find.
>>
No. 1004589 ID: eaf2f5

Borrow a coin from him and flip it. Let luck decide do we follow him or continue towards the tower.
>>
No. 1004590 ID: ff9c52

>>504199
you have no where else to go anyhow, there was nothing for you where you were going.
>>
No. 1004591 ID: de262c

rolled 1 = 1

>>504210
I'll save you the trouble. 2 is heads.
>>
No. 1004592 ID: 7bddd5

He can probably teach us to speak the local language, and we don't have anything else to do. Lets follow him.
>>
No. 1004593 ID: 387f16

If he's doing whatever he can to help these people despite his slow terrible death, we'd be a real dick not to help him! Tell him that what little we can do is at his disposal, which right now includes sneaking and having a camera.
>>
No. 1004594 ID: f2c20c

>>504199
No. We should continue towards our destination. Don't get sidetracked. Plus we're not sure if we can help.
>>
No. 1004595 ID: 9ddf68

Well ask him how far away we are from the focus because we only have 2 days worth of food and water left and if we can get there in that time I think we should thank him for his help and go to the focus, if we don't have the supplies to make the journey then might as well go with him as we would be more likely to get more supplies with him then by ourselves.
>>
No. 1004596 ID: 2df574

yes I am.
>>
No. 1004597 ID: 76b151

I think we should follow him, learnm the language and help him with his last days.
>>
No. 1004598 ID: 45de04

>>504199
Why not follow him? He can teach you the local language.
>>
No. 1004599 ID: 974e61

hey, will the curse go away if we kill the aforementioned foe?
>>
No. 1004600 ID: da7aaa
File 136544065452.png - (64.06KB , 600x600 , 50.png )
1004600

I'll follow him.
After a short while, we start to leave and cannot help but notice a giant lizard with my keen eyes.
"... What is that."
>The Red One: "Friend, our carrier. Very gentle soul."
We climb on.
"Oh, that- say- does killing the general free you from the curse?"
>The Red One: "No. It was given to me by a powerful walking dead, native and not native to land..."

I explain him that I am good at sneaking around and taking photos. He seemed to be less interested about the photography, but rather sneaking.

>The Red One: "Do you have bravery? They are holding friend of mine as prisoner in heart of enemy, releasing will help us. I distract everyone, you free him. Can you help? More dangerous, you can choose not to."
>>
No. 1004601 ID: d6ef5d

Well, we were considering rescuing that last bunch from the lizards, but we lacked a way to make a good distraction.

I say we go for it! We have bravery! And optimism! And sneaking! We can do this!

Let's just surviel the place with binoculars, first, though. Getting the lay of the place will help.
>>
No. 1004602 ID: 001618

sure why not
>>
No. 1004603 ID: d353c1

Yes! We could use a good reputation, like his.
Find some time to ask him about language, by the way.
>>
No. 1004604 ID: 387f16

Yup. Any chance of basic language lessons on the way there?
>>
No. 1004605 ID: 9e1727

Yeah, you'll do it. You would have freed those other captured folks before, but you needed a distraction. This time, you'll have one.

If he's not interested in your photography, what about your binoculars? Show him those, and what they can do if he doesn't know.

Actually, show him the camera, your binoculars, and your cell phone, and ask how often items and machines like these show up in this world.

You probably want to change out your cloak for something that'll better match the color of wherever you're going. If you don't have an option for another cloak, just coat this one in dirt to make it suitably woodsy colored.
>>
No. 1004606 ID: f2c20c

>>504585
Sure! That's right up our alley.
>>
No. 1004607 ID: a2310a

>>504585

yes. we would love to be useful.
>>
No. 1004608 ID: da7aaa
File 136554413964.png - (37.24KB , 600x600 , 51.png )
1004608

Man, this thing is pretty fast!

He says that he hasn't seen binoculars or phones here at all. I am 4th he has met, after all.

The Red One say he cannot teach the language, but knows means of gifting it to me. That is... quite extraordinary.
He also says he can use this day to teach me things about local plants and how to use them, tell me some more information about the world ( geography, current events ) or some things from what he calls 'way of the red'.

Which one should I choose?
>>
No. 1004609 ID: 35edd4

Current events, so we know what's going on around us. Ask about that guy who came up to you back in the village and what he said.
>>
No. 1004610 ID: 387f16

>>504862
Yes.
>>
No. 1004611 ID: d6ef5d

>magic language download, local plant lore, current events, or 'the way of the red'
Lore and news aren't as important, and if we get the language, we can learn it from other people later.

We may not find another person who can magically teach us the language, and if the way of the red is his own thing, we almost certainly can't learn it from someone else.

Personally I'd prefer the way of the red (magic pls?), or failing that, the magic language download.
>>
No. 1004612 ID: 9ddf68

would be nice to know what is going on around us so current events
>>
No. 1004613 ID: 26e4bb

Ok I'm intrigued.
Way of the red.
>>
No. 1004614 ID: 4724f6

Actually, lets find out how many days we'll have with him to learn all these things.

I say start with current events, then move on to plants. Plants would be most useful to us, so we know what we can eat and what to use as medicine.

Then figure out what 'way of the Red' is so we know whether to learn it or geography as next important.
>>
No. 1004615 ID: 2fbf20

>>504861
Way of the Red
>>
No. 1004616 ID: 91c1b3

Way of red.
>>
No. 1004617 ID: 6d6209

>>504861
information about the world
>>
No. 1004618 ID: 282719

show us the Way
>>
No. 1004621 ID: da7aaa
File 136562807445.png - (66.26KB , 600x600 , 52.png )
1004621

After a while we take a break and eat. The Red One approaches me, giving me a red crystal of sorts.
>The Red One: "Here. Here is my knowledge of language. Keep it close, it allows only to hear. But give time, you begin to truly understand. May have some of my memory, don't be scared. Curse don't spread."

We then proceed to have hour long talks about his 'Way of the Red'. I am going to cut this short: it wasn't much help. He talked much and in his own adorable confusing manner, but I managed to make some sense of him. He basically adheres to code of conduct, focusing on bravery ( finding one's brave heart ) and fairness. He tried to teach me to do some weird things ( he gave me another red crystal, told me to make it grow ). Didn't work out too well. We had to conclude that everyone is not suitable for way of the red.
It wasn't fully unrewarding however. He taught me how to appear less scary, how to suppress the 'terror-aura'.

We arrive tomorrow to our destination. How should I prepare for tomorrow? The Red One said that I probably have to sneak around some buildings. Most of enemy will be distracted, but there is still chance of getting caught.
>>
No. 1004622 ID: 001618

We have an aura?

Anyway as for what to do for tomorrow I say make sure you have a partially full stomach as you don't want a full stomach because if we have to run that would slow us down and if we have an empty stomach then we risk giving away our position do to a growling stomach. and maybe see if he has a map of the area so we can make a lose plain to get to red's friend

so the way of the red doesn't work for us then, does that make us the way of the blue then?
>>
No. 1004623 ID: 4224e5

>>505049
Well okay. Terror aura. That's a thing. Do you still have the crystal? Might be a good thing to try and fiddle with during your spare time.

Leave the cloak back with the riding thingy- your normal clothes are better for sneaking.

Work on ENHANCING your terror aura. If you get caught it might be useful.
>>
No. 1004624 ID: 2fbf20

I think I know why it didn't work. It's because by the standards of the "way of the red" you're a coward.
>>
No. 1004625 ID: 001618

>>505049
ok then, he has crystals growing out of his body and seems only to have a red spine for a torso

the fuck?
>>
No. 1004626 ID: 387f16

>>505066
That's the handle of his sword, I think.
>>
No. 1004627 ID: d6ef5d

>Terror aura
Well, that explains why things are afraid of us. Being able to suppress it when talking to people will help.

>prepare
Scout with the binoculars, get an idea of the layout and posted guards before you go in.
>>
No. 1004628 ID: 9f7d0e

bricks=shat

but do accept the crystal. that arm-growy thing doesn't look like something that'd happen overnight.

>>505053

sounds like a sexcellent plan.
>>
No. 1004629 ID: bdf406

>>505049
Ewww, we have a piece of skin-gem.
>>
No. 1004630 ID: f2070d

Oh, so it was magical herpes.
Great.
>>
No. 1004633 ID: 387f16

Ask about the human guy we saw near the village.
>>
No. 1004635 ID: da7aaa
File 136580545075.png - (119.62KB , 600x600 , 53.png )
1004635

Day turns into night, we settle down to rest. The

The Red One: "This might be my last night."

I can't say if he is speaking in English or that weird language.
The Red One: "Yeah, could you help me a bit? I can no more understand the language, only speak it. Translate what my fellows say..."

Oh. That's really weird.

Me:"Ah, okay..."
The Red One: "Thank you. Let us review our strategy. The place we will enter is one of important, most precious fortresses of dragonfolk. General resides there. My plan is to ride there and challenge him to a duel."
Mosquitoguy: "Ah, that doesn't sound too bad. He is kind of man who cannot turn duel down, especially coming from you."


I translate.

The Red One: "Ehehe, yes... I am counting on that. Dragonfolk are not very bright. When their leader is fighting, they cannot help but watch, ready to run in and assist. During that time, our friend will have easy time slipping in... I don't have a map, but should be easy enough to navigate. Keep away from people dressing weird... this place tends to have such rule."
Me:"What is the guy like anyway? Any way I can identify him?"
The Red One: "Ah, that. He is pretty easy to identify. Big, winged, mean set of teeth... He is probably chained down, so you might want a key."
Mosquitoguy: "I can borrow my lockpicks."
The Red One: "That works too. I will give you a piece of paper which should contain explain situation a bit... show it to him. He can read."
Goat-looking-guy?: "I guess I'll have to write it then."
The Red One: "Hehehe, yeah. I have to thank everyone of you. Supporting me in this situation..."


Mosquito and Goat built a makeshift lean-to and begin to sleep. The Red One takes the first spark, I keep chatting him a bit.

The Red One: "If the whole crystal-thing bothers you, The Way of The Red is not for everyone... Everyone of us has their own way. The Shaman of the North has his own way... The Sage... I guess you have to find it yourself. You will not fail, as long as you believe in your brave heart.
... And yes, I almost forgot. If I die there, I want you to move towards the Focus. Meet the Sage. My imprisoned friend knows the location, he can help you if you succeed."


Any last questions before sleep? I have a spark-duty, not sure when, probably just before morning.
>>
No. 1004636 ID: 9f2391

Ask him if there is anything else you should know to survive here. Otherwise, ask if there's anything else he would like you to do.

Thank him kindly for his help. Take his picture, for a keepsake and so others may see him.
>>
No. 1004637 ID: 387f16

>>505432
Bumping this because might be lost in update fix.
>>
No. 1004638 ID: 9ddf68

ask if he believes that this general is going to be the death of him or his curse? and maybe ask what are his powers exactly and what can the other two he has mentioned do? Also before you sleep ask when you do have spark duty and what is it then head off to sleep as you will most likely need all the rest you can get tomorrow. Oh and ask red what we should say or do to let his friend know we are with him and not some thief or another bandit or something so he doesn't attack or leave us after we let him go.
>>
No. 1004639 ID: 387f16

>>505442
Pretty sure spark duty is night watch.
And goatdude was writing a note for us to give the general.
>>
No. 1004640 ID: 9ddf68

>>505443
crap missed that part, that he was making a note to teach us to use the lock pick for some reason.
>>
No. 1004641 ID: fedc54

>>505443
not to the general, to red's friend that we are rescuing.
what does he mean by people dressing weird?
>>
No. 1004642 ID: 387f16

>>505446
Oh, I thought we were rescuing a friend who was a general from another general who was not a friend.
Nevermind.
>>
No. 1004643 ID: d6ef5d

>crystals
Ah, they're a little weird, but I wasn't gonna say anything.

>Take his picture, for a keepsake and so others may see him.
Full on group portrait, with his friends. Dunno when we'll have the chance to develop the photo, though.
>>
No. 1004644 ID: da7aaa
File 136589487279.png - (14.60KB , 600x600 , 54.png )
1004644

The Red One coughs bit of blood and wipes runny nose.

The Red One: "I love nights like this, a fire and a starry sky..."
Me: "Uh... The stars are not right..."
The Red One: "The veil where stars are sewn, I guess our world had different veil."
Me: "... Do you think the curse will take you or the general? I mean, uh- And what did you mean, 'dressing weird'."
The Red One: "Could be both. There is not much time left for me. And as for the dressing thing, hehe. Powerful people dress strangely, I have noticed. They keep themselves very distinct. It's sorta funny..."
Me: ... and uh... there was this one guy I met in the village. Human, had a mask with three eye-holes and hand painted over mouth. Gave me some money and told me to leave the village, go towards the Focus or Northern... Barrier."
The Red One: "I haven't seen such people... But I have heard of rumors of dragonfolk being assisted by demons with foreign knowledge. I hope not."

I take few pictures of him and go to sleep. I will take some tomorrow.
>>
No. 1004645 ID: 8c4b01

K so the plan for when we wake up is to have a light breakfast and the scout out the area to find the best way in for when red's friend. Speaking of breaking out Red's friend do we know how to use the lock pick?
>>
No. 1004646 ID: 2025a1

we will ask the friend for tips on using the picks. rest now.
>>
No. 1004647 ID: da7aaa
File 136614389328.png - (50.11KB , 600x600 , 55.png )
1004647

Next day, evening.
Spend morning taking pictures. The goat-looking-guy(?) taught me basic use of the lockpicks. Since we did not have locks around, I am not very sure of my skills.
Anyway, we made it to the place. It is a massive fortress by a mountain. I drop off and hide, while The Red one declares his arrival.
The dragonfolk open door, I can see that they are pretty heavily armed. However, they seem to be very fixated on the Red One. Maybe he's doing some aura-hijinks?
Oh well. The Red One instructed me to take route to base of the mountain. There are two ways. Sneak in while gate is open, or follow wall to the mountain and find a good point to climb over the wall.
Of course, I am all open to all sorts of ideas!
>>
No. 1004648 ID: dc4a44

just sneak in now through the door.
>>
No. 1004649 ID: af8414

VIA GATE
>>
No. 1004650 ID: 9ddf68

I think we should go with the quicker rout and just sneak in now though the gate as we really don't know how long red is going to keep them distracted and I would like to get out before they realize we just ran off with there prisoners.
>>
No. 1004651 ID: 45de04

>>506089
walk into gate what can go wrong
>>
No. 1004652 ID: eaf2f5

Fortune favors the audacious. Go in through the gate and keep an eye out for any barrels or boxes you can hide under.
>>
No. 1004653 ID: babfae

don't forget to hide your aura, now.
>>
No. 1004654 ID: da7aaa
File 136623459067.png - (30.93KB , 600x600 , 56.png )
1004654

rolled 4, 4, 4 = 12

I am in.
The Red One was right, everyone is too mesmerized by him to notice me... I can sneak around pretty easily...
At least around here.
>"The Red One?!"
>"He is to challenge our mightiest?"
>"Smaller than told... too small!"
>"What is he? Like masked ones?"
>"Mother will feast tonight!"
>"No chances no chances no chances!"
>"He is too red."

Well, not sure where I should go. There are stairs down and several doors, one north ( there is someone standing right next to door ), one east ( towards mountain, I would have to be quite sneaky to get here ). There are also ramps leading to very impressive-looking gate.
Of course, there are ladders that lead on the wall.

sneak roll
>>
No. 1004656 ID: 001618

I say hit the north door as you don't have someone guard something unless there is something for them to guard. As for the guy standing in front of the door, just see if you can find a rock or something and then just throw it and see if the guard leaves to check it out the noise, then you just can sneak on by.

I think the east door is to risky right now and the gate most likely doesn't lead to the dungeon. I also don't see any reason to go to the wall as we have almost no where to hide up there and unless they have there prisoners out in the open the only thing getting up on the wall would do is grant us a better view of the fight, and since we are trying to use the fight as a distraction to rescue the Prisoners that would be counter productive if we stopped to watch it.
>>
No. 1004658 ID: d6ef5d

>What is he? Like masked ones?
Huh. Sounds like masked guy was working with the lizards after all.

>where go?
Stairs down, I think. Dungeons are usually below ground, right?
>>
No. 1004660 ID: 2baea8

Yeah, look for something to distract north door guy with if you can't slip in past him while he watches the fight.
>>
No. 1004661 ID: 4224e5

I'd go for the ladders- let you get a view of the entire area, locate the prisoners.
>>
No. 1004662 ID: 56919e

the easiest one. worry about getting out of sight first. going unnoticed is bound to be easier indoors. you'll worry about orientation once you've made it.
>>
No. 1004663 ID: da7aaa
File 136631918123.png - (70.25KB , 600x600 , 57.png )
1004663

I caught glimpse of their general. He looks pretty tough.
>>
No. 1004665 ID: da7aaa
File 136631936448.png - (132.83KB , 600x600 , 58.png )
1004665

rolled 2, 3, 5 = 10

North door it is! Let me just... bit... sneak around here!

I throw rock to distract, but the dragonfolk at the door is too focused at hurling insults at the Red One. Just... snaking in shouldn't be too difficult.

Oops! Almost got hit by a swooshy tail there!
>>
No. 1004666 ID: dc4a44

[] Touch fluffy tail.

WTF mang!?
>>
No. 1004667 ID: da7aaa
File 136632031887.png - (18.10KB , 600x600 , 59.png )
1004667

Okay, I am in!
This room seems to hold some sort of weapon stockpile. There are stairs downwards and ladder up ( probably won't lead to wall though ). Any ideas?
>>
No. 1004668 ID: 3bc0da

Steal knife or sword.
>>
No. 1004669 ID: 2baea8

Grab an easy to hide dagger and see what's down the stairs. Dungeons are probably lower down.
>>
No. 1004670 ID: d6ef5d

>>506529
Agreed.
>>
No. 1004671 ID: 8bb554

Think you could burn something in here if we need to make a second distraction incase our first is over before we can get out of here
>>
No. 1004675 ID: 56919e

grab two daggers, then go downstairs.
>>
No. 1004676 ID: da7aaa
File 136637513817.png - (136.44KB , 600x600 , 60.png )
1004676

Hm, these daggers do look pretty nice! I think I will pilfer two for my own use... It's not necessarily bad to steal this time, I mean, these guys are pretty bloodthirsty.

... And nah, let's not free the arsonist inside me.
>>
No. 1004679 ID: da7aaa
File 136637596943.png - (39.40KB , 600x600 , 61.png )
1004679

I descend down the stairs and spot... uh. I think he is sleeping. 'Guarding' some heavy-looking door.
>>
No. 1004680 ID: eaf2f5

Sneak past the guard and carefully try to open the door, pray that it is well oiled and not squeaky.
>>
No. 1004681 ID: 76f500

>>506609
think you can kill him before he wakes up?
>>
No. 1004682 ID: 76b151

i think we are going to have to kill him. going in by sneak is fine... but we might have to come back here and with another person and thats a whole nother kettle of fish.
>>
No. 1004683 ID: 2baea8

Yeah, try to sneak by. Murdering someone in their sleep ain't cool. If we wakes up and tries to sound the alarm though, aim for the mouth or throat.
>>
No. 1004684 ID: 2baea8

>>506618
He, not we.
>>
No. 1004685 ID: d6ef5d

This is a sneaking mission. Not a stabbing one.
>>
No. 1004686 ID: af8414

He looks pretty asleep, you don't have to kill him, I don't think. Just walk on by.
>>
No. 1004687 ID: 9ddf68

just sneak past for now. We don't even know if this guy is blocking the dungeon and If we don't have to deal with him I say just leave him and move on.
>>
No. 1004688 ID: 8275a7

Say, do you have or see some rope lying around? You can bind him and don't forget to cut some pieces of clothes to stuff in its mouth.
>>
No. 1004689 ID: da7aaa
File 136640067612.png - (97.40KB , 600x600 , 62.png )
1004689

No murdering!
Let's see this door...

Yup, it is locked! I might be able to open it with a lockpick, but it might wake up the lizard...
>>
No. 1004690 ID: 9ddf68

well then try and pick the lock as it would be good practice for when you have to free people later, just keep an eye on our sleeping friend here and if he starts to wake up hit him over the head with something heavy... also before you try and pick the lock find something heavy to hit him over the head with incase he wakes up
>>
No. 1004691 ID: dc4a44

Tie him to the chair. touch his fluffy tail.
>>
No. 1004692 ID: d6ef5d

...I don't suppose the key he's supposed to be guarding is just laying around?

If not, this >>506674 seems a good plan.
>>
No. 1004693 ID: 8275a7

>>506675
Best plan.
>>
No. 1004694 ID: 45de04

>>506671
Check out the chest his tail is resting on.
>>
No. 1004695 ID: 2baea8

Try to see if he has a key visible on him, where you can lift it off easily. If so, try to get it. If not do this >>506674
>>
No. 1004696 ID: af8414

Look for the key, otherwise lockpick
>>
No. 1004697 ID: 9ef3c0

if you don't kill this guy now, he'll kill more people during his lifetime- innocent people, unlike him.

grow up, grow a pair and stick your daggers into his throat.
>>
No. 1004698 ID: 2baea8

>>506822
How do we know he's committed any crime? He never went to watch the bloodshed outside; whether it's because he was asleep at the time or not we can't honestly know, but it's something to consider. Innocent until proven guilty.
>>
No. 1004699 ID: 76f500

>>506671
>No murdering!
grow up, tourist! you're taking an unnecessary risk by not killing him in his sleep. if you fail you die, red's friend dies and everyone this guy ends up eating also dies.
they eat humans, tourist. kill him dead.
>>
No. 1004700 ID: ccf689

>>506675

This plan is super legit
>>
No. 1004701 ID: d6ef5d

...we'll have plenty of friends with tails you can molest later. Doing so now would be a bad idea.

And our first response shouldn't be murder. He's never killed before, and there's a good chance he'd fuck it up. Besides, if you're on a sneaking mission and you're trying to to kill the guards you come across? You're doing it wrong.
>>
No. 1004702 ID: dc4a44

But none quite so fluffy as the dragons.
>>
No. 1004703 ID: f2c20c

>>506671
Can't you steal his keys?
>>
No. 1004704 ID: da7aaa
File 136649961298.png - (175.18KB , 600x600 , 63.png )
1004704

rolled 6, 5, 6 = 17

Strangely enough, he doesn't seem to have key. I am not searching any more thoroughly however, as he might as well wake up...
The box which on the tail rests contains vegetables of some sort. They do not smell very pleasant.

{1st dice - lockpicking, 2nd&3rd dice - not waking lizard up}

Hm, hm hm...
>>
No. 1004705 ID: da7aaa
File 136650114919.png - (126.49KB , 600x600 , 64.png )
1004705

Critical Success

I manage to unlock the door... the lizard seems to be still in deep sleep! Awesome! What I from behind the door is not prisoners of any kind. Buncha of large locked chests and...
uh, is that a...?
A rifle!
>>
No. 1004706 ID: 76b151

score. take it. having a long range option is always a good thing. See if theres any bullets or gunpowder.

Then lets head on up that ladder, make sure to close the door behind you.
>>
No. 1004708 ID: d6ef5d

Now that is what I call a critical success!

Take rifle, check if it's loaded, and if there's any ammunition to take. Then close the door so it looks like you didn't take anything.

Maybe you'll even be good with a rifle? You have practice aiming a camera at things.

Then we'll need to backtrack and/or move on, since the prisoner obviously isn't in this room.
>>
No. 1004709 ID: 2baea8

>>506932
This. Continue downstairs past sleepy.
>>
No. 1004710 ID: af8414

They have guns? That's pretty worrisome. I don't think closing the door really matters, since we'll be moving on, and the door closing might wake the guard up? It's down some stairs, not really visible or anything.

Anyway, we check up the ladder and if there's nothing there we'll probably have to sneak back out.
>>
No. 1004711 ID: 2baea8

>>506935
I think the door was to the guard's right, and stairs further down to his left.

It's also possible the gun belonged to our masked 'friend', since he seems to be working with the lizards.
>>
No. 1004712 ID: af8414

>>506936
He was part of a group, there could be several of them working with these guys.
>>
No. 1004713 ID: ad2527

Take the gun and head down as dungeons are normally in the basement level of most strongholds
>>
No. 1004714 ID: 4224e5

>>506929
The most power a immigrant from another world can wield is knowledge. They're creating a totally unbalanced war.
>>
No. 1004715 ID: 70a9a6

Better grab some bullets and gunpowder for that gun unless you want to be hauling around a sophisticated club
>>
No. 1004716 ID: caa5bf

clearly a one-of-a-kind. even if you don't use it, you can probably sell this thing for enough money to buy yourself a small army of badass eunuchs who will allow their nipples to be cut off just to prove a point.
>>
No. 1004717 ID: da7aaa
File 136658026998.png - (196.30KB , 600x600 , 66.png )
1004717

I cannot find any ammunition or gunpowder... the rifle doesn't seem to accept such? The stock is concave on the top... it's like you could place some sort of bottle on it. There are pipes where you could connect such a thing.
... Is this a supersoaker? Haha!

Oh well, I take the rifle and sneak past the guard. I leave the door open not to risk waking up the lizard.
Going past the guard, there is a hallway with bunch of doors. All doors are unlocked, but the rooms do not contain anything particularly exciting. More weapons, clothing, some armor, that kind of stuff.

In the end of hallway, there are stairs leading up. What should I do?
>>
No. 1004719 ID: 735f4f

Might accept some sort of unknown and probably dangerous liquid ammo. Don't go assuming its not a dangerous weapon just yet.
>>
No. 1004720 ID: 9ddf68

only one way to go, up
>>
No. 1004721 ID: d6ef5d

Huh. Magic gun that takes liquid fuel? I wonder if it's even armed or loaded right now. (And it's not like test firing it is a smart idea- that kind of ruins stealth).

Might be useful as a bluff, even if we don't know if it's loaded. A lizard we point it at might assume the worst.
>>
No. 1004722 ID: 76f500

>>507104
>some armor
>not exciting
excuse me, what are you doing!?
>>
No. 1004723 ID: 32e092

Keep an eye open for anything that looks like it'd fit the rifle. Not much good without ammo.
>>
No. 1004724 ID: f2c20c

I'd like to note that this is probably not going to lead to the jail. We're in the armory.

We might want to head back out and try a different entrance, if what's upstairs is troublesome.
>>
No. 1004725 ID: 45de04

>>507104
Up is where we want to go. Up gives us a good view of the area.
>>
No. 1004726 ID: 195879

>>507129
Our dude is human of normal proportions and probably not the strongest human around.

These things are giant lizardmen with bigger proprtions than us and tails and long necks and weird digigrade legs and claws and different numbers of fingers and random horny protrusions and, generally, they're way bigger than us and their weakest could probably carry heavier armor than we could.

See the issue with the armor they have?
>>
No. 1004727 ID: 76b151

i agree, platemail of any sort it out of the question. but a good leather or chain hauberk would give us some protection... which we desperately need.
>>
No. 1004728 ID: d6ef5d

The biggest problem with any kind of armor (above, say, leather) is they tend to have stealth penalties of some kind (they make noise, or make you heavier, less agile, etc). That could be dangerous on a sneaking mission.
>>
No. 1004729 ID: cb7145

It's still worth trying to get a plate piece to get a makeshift shield.
Even better if there is a small buckler of sorts.
Just saying.
>>
No. 1004730 ID: 195879

And if we drop it or bang it on something?
Even if we spring for leather or something, the sizes are probably all far too big for us.
>>
No. 1004731 ID: 76b151

hauberks are basically shirts. Yes they are heavier, but not debilitatingly, nor are they too stiff to prevent movement. Gotta remember these are meant for combat as well.

As for the size difference I'm not convinced these things are too much bigger then we are.
>>
No. 1004732 ID: 2baea8

Proceed upwards.
>>
No. 1004733 ID: 1b6ded

>>507159
See
>>500576
I swear theyre bigger
>>
No. 1004734 ID: c1b77b

take 'em.

map the place out mentally as good as you can.
>>
No. 1004735 ID: bd8b82

Let's not take the armor. Too heavy and noisy.
>>
No. 1004736 ID: da7aaa
File 136675287057.png - (25.26KB , 600x600 , 67.png )
1004736

I check the armors quickly. Even the smallest ones are bit too big for me. Not too much, but they would hinder mobility a great degree, and I can probably avoid better without.

Anyway, rising up the stairs and..!
>>
No. 1004737 ID: d6ef5d

Quick! Back, before he sees you!
>>
No. 1004738 ID: ccf689

>>507439

Hide to the left!

Check out his butt when he's passing by.

Touch fluffy tail is our main objective.
>>
No. 1004739 ID: a988cd

He's watching the fight so he hasn't seen you yet, duck into one of the side rooms and lets see if we can't sneak around this guy
>>
No. 1004740 ID: 2baea8

His armor is looking rather regal, possibly high ranking. It's probably best to avoid him and check one of the side rooms.
>>
No. 1004741 ID: dc4a44

Is that even a dragon? A tengu? One of those goat guys?
>>
No. 1004742 ID: 32e092

Whatever he is, mmmm, dat butt
>>
No. 1004743 ID: 4224e5

>>507439
Weird looking people are powerful. He looks weird. He is powerful.
>>
No. 1004744 ID: 8a18e3

that guy looks really tough... I hope his armor is loud enough to penalize his listen checks. go the way he isn't blocking.
>>
No. 1004745 ID: da7aaa
File 136683870355.png - (26.61KB , 600x600 , 68.png )
1004745

rolled 2, 3 = 5

I'll try to sneak past! Hopefully he/she/it won't notice me...
>>
No. 1004747 ID: d6ef5d

Huh. That's not avoiding him/her/it, or darting off into a doorway to the left and hiding. That's walking right past him/her/it.

...I sure hope that works. Those were kind of low rolls.
>>
No. 1004748 ID: 001618

doesn't look like it noticed us... at least not yet, and I'm not seeing a tail on this one either.
>>
No. 1004749 ID: da7aaa
File 136683979028.png - (64.08KB , 600x600 , 69.png )
1004749

>Success!

I manage to sneak past without being detected... I took a short dash to get out of line of sight, and take quick rest near the window.

There is are stairs down. But I also noticed something interesting outside. A chained, winged beast. Looks ferocious!
>>
No. 1004750 ID: 76b151

>>507571
if its domesticated that might be our ticket out of here. Take note of the nearby doors, maybe we can plan a route there.
>>
No. 1004751 ID: 001618

unless you're sure that the thing would go off on some kind of rampage or something if you let it out of it's bindings (which would provide a great second distraction) or that you could ride it out of here I really don't think getting near it is a good idea, unless the prisoners are near it. But really we really need to find those prisoners now as we are on a time limit and we don't really have any idea how long we have until the fight ends.
>>
No. 1004752 ID: 2baea8

Probably a dragon, yo. Now get down those stairs, time is a-wasting.
>>
No. 1004753 ID: d6ef5d

A dragon?

Assuming they don't have good control over it, freeing it might be an option for further distraction or escape. I think we might have to wait on that, though.

Where is the dragon relative to yourself? In the courtyard below? Or right where you could walk to it?
>>
No. 1004754 ID: f2c20c

Do we have a description of the Red One's friend? Could it be the dragon?
>>
No. 1004755 ID: 8334ff

>>507571

That's the fellow you're supposed to rescue. Get on down there.
>>
No. 1004756 ID: 9e1727

...Wait a second. Remember what The Red One said about identifying who you're here to rescue? "He is pretty easy to identify. Big, winged, mean set of teeth... He is probably chained down, so you might want a key." You just might be looking at your objective right now.

While you have a clear view, pull out your binoculars and take a closer look at the big beast. See if you can spot any locks and how many there are.

Unless there's an easy way to get down to the ground without detection out that window, you're going to have to head down the stairs anyway, so head that way.
>>
No. 1004757 ID: 2baea8

>>507580
Oh shit, you're right. Do this.
>>
No. 1004758 ID: af8414

That's our target. Scout for guards and such, and check to see if there's a safe route right out the window so you don't have to muck about with things like STAIRS
>>
No. 1004759 ID: 1645f1

I really want to steal that red, stealable-looking bag but I guess we shouldn't risk it.

try to find a way to the dragon-looking thing- maybe it has some ideas on how to get it out of here.
>>
No. 1004760 ID: da7aaa
File 136691792545.png - (28.93KB , 600x600 , 70.png )
1004760

The drop isn't too bad really.
But yeah, the dragon(?). Red, big, winged, mean set of teeth, chained down. Plenty of chains, some to the poles and ground. Picking the locks it will take plenty of time. This just might be the Red One's Friend! It doesn't move much...

However, there is one guard, armed with spear. He hasn't spotted me. Dropping down from here might alert the guard.
>>
No. 1004761 ID: 76b151

i think we're going to have no choice but to fight, and he has a spear while you have daggers.

Circle around, get as close as you can then jump on top of him with daggers drawn and attack. go for the throat, the belly and the back of the calves. Slash, don't stab and stay within his gaurd, maintaining distance will get you killed.
>>
No. 1004762 ID: 9ddf68

think you could sneak around on the ledge you are on to get above the guard with the spear? if so do that and when you get above him find a nice big rock and drop it right on his head, failing that then I guess just jump down on top of him with either your new daggers or your hatch (whatever one you think would be more effective with/the one you feel most comfortable with) and try and take him out before he can call for help, then show the 'dragon' the letter see if he reacts at all and either way let him loose. if he didn't really react to the letter just be really careful when releasing him as I'm not totally sure he won't just attack you but if we put this much effort to free the damn thing then I'm not going to stop just because it might not be our guy, and as a plus it would give us a second distraction.
>>
No. 1004763 ID: d6ef5d

...do you see keys being kept anywhere? Getting ahold of those might be quicker than picking the locks.

And if you want to take the guard out quietly from behind, there's always bashing him over the head or putting him in a sleeper hold.
>>
No. 1004764 ID: 1645f1

perform an air assassination.
>>
No. 1004765 ID: 2baea8

>>507702
Whatever you do, don't jump down on the spear guy.
Paper Mario has taught me that this results in impalement.
>>
No. 1004766 ID: af8414

Would it be possible to circle around outside the guard's field of view or similar? Maybe a stupid idea, but can you try loosening some of the dragon's restraints or picking some locks that are out of the guard's field of view/hearing? If you can get possibly-red's-friend some mobility, it might help us out in the event that taking the guard out stealthily doesn't work.
>>
No. 1004767 ID: da7aaa
File 136741346685.png - (81.93KB , 600x600 , 71.png )
1004767

rolled 1, 1 = 2

Let's try to be sneaky once again...

>sneak roll, -1 penalty.
>>
No. 1004768 ID: da7aaa
File 136741493480.png - (61.63KB , 600x600 , 72.png )
1004768

Critical failure!

Oops, I made too much sound, he spotted me! I have to go for-
FUCK I tripped over some buckets!
>>
No. 1004769 ID: d6ef5d

...oh shit we've been spotted and we're now in a fair fight against a warrior of some kind while we have no combat experience.

CAMERA FLASH BLIND ATTACK!
>>
No. 1004770 ID: 2fbf20

>>508329
Get out your ax.
>>
No. 1004771 ID: 9747ef

Well, that was inopportune.

... Engage in combat? Might kill you, he has reach on you with that spear of his. Guys? Any ideas?
>>
No. 1004772 ID: 2fbf20

>>508335
Like grabbing his and chopping it in half?
>>
No. 1004773 ID: eaf2f5

Get yer axe and start chopping those poles while running around the dragon(?) to stay away from the guard.
>>
No. 1004774 ID: ffbe82

you can't let it get help! try to bluff using the empty rifle. if that doesn't take, see if you can drive it back towards the dragon. if that doesn't work, run to the dragon and stay within its attack range where you'll be safe from attacks and hope the dragon can fly both of you out and that it won't attack you. try to convay red sent you, maybe by showing the gem?
>>
No. 1004775 ID: b9ad96

throw your axe into his face.
>>
No. 1004776 ID: 2fbf20

>>508339
That would only work if he knows what a rifle is.
Currently our best course of action is >>508338
>>
No. 1004777 ID: 001618

turn your fear aura on and see if you can't make the guard panic.
>>
No. 1004778 ID: 2baea8

If the spear had a wood haft, try to cut the spear in half or at least damage it with your axe. If not, flee towards the dragon and climb onto it to try and pick the locks on the stuff actually on it. You're smaller and more agile, hopefully that'll help.
>>
No. 1004780 ID: da7aaa
File 136770969101.png - (75.53KB , 600x600 , 73.png )
1004780

rolled 6, 5 = 11

I try to break his weapon. The shaft is indeed wood, it shouldn't be too hard to break!

1st dice, breaking the spear, -1
2nd dice, opponent attacks
>>
No. 1004781 ID: d6ef5d

...wait, why are we breaking the spear? Even if that works, we're wide open to counter attack. And a half-spear is still plenty pointy and dangerous.
>>
No. 1004782 ID: da7aaa
File 136771055540.png - (15.18KB , 600x600 , 74.png )
1004782

>Breaking weapon - Critical success!

THERE! I managed to land a very, very lucky hit on the shaft! It snapped! And just in time too! I was in very bad position and the lizard could have skewered me badly!
>>
No. 1004783 ID: 32e092

>>508759
Protagonist cast Confusion! It's super-effective!
>>
No. 1004784 ID: 76b151

Finish him off. Strike at his throat.
>>
No. 1004785 ID: d6ef5d

Now wack him on the head with the back-end of the axe-head! Knock him out!
>>
No. 1004786 ID: 76b151

>>508771
I have a feeling these things skulls are quite thick
>>
No. 1004787 ID: 2baea8

>>508771
This.
>>
No. 1004788 ID: af8414

Chop poles free dragon? Taking out the guard first might take priority...
>>
No. 1004789 ID: f2c20c

>>508761
FINISH HIM.
>>
No. 1004790 ID: 0dcec8

Guys, guys, guys... we have a FEAR aura. As long as we're sure he can't get away we've already won. Turn up the intimidation and run him down.
>>
No. 1004791 ID: af8414

Oh yeah. ACTIVATE TERROR AURA!
>>
No. 1004792 ID: 9ddf68

turn your fear aura on and see if we can't send him into a panic or something, just try and knock him out or something before he can call for help.
>>
No. 1004793 ID: 11b8b6

No no no! Knock him out! This is a stealth mission, we can't have anyone running away from us in terror, they'll alert others!

Knock him out somehow, then free the dragon.
>>
No. 1004794 ID: dda6e7

unarmed enemies, to my knowledge, have a tendency to call for help. now, I doubt making him fear us some more will help with that, so I suggest we don't do that and stick with killing him dead very quickly instead.

axe him.
>>
No. 1004796 ID: da7aaa
File 136787958522.png - (7.99KB , 600x600 , 75.png )
1004796

rolled 1, 3 = 4

I let my nature to be.

1st dice: Terror Aura ( -2 ), 2nd dice: lizard
>>
No. 1004797 ID: da7aaa
File 136788087335.png - (173.96KB , 600x600 , 76.png )
1004797

It did not work too well! He retaliated instead, bringing a punch to the right should! It is probably going to leave a bruise, nothing more...
"I don't need weapon to show you suffering, fiend!"
>>
No. 1004798 ID: 76b151

Like I said before, Kill him.
>>
No. 1004799 ID: af8414

Let's try to knock him out!
>>
No. 1004800 ID: d6ef5d

Right, just wack him in the head (for a knock out), already. Your baseball training should have prepared you for clubbing. You can use the blunt backside of your axe. It'll probably catch him off guard, as he'll expect an attack with the edge.
>>
No. 1004801 ID: 2baea8

>>509013
This. You'll still get the blade's weight behind it, and you don't need to worry about a bad angle making the blade glance off his scales.
>>
No. 1004802 ID: 3d9b8f

Just be careful of his teeth and horns...
>>
No. 1004803 ID: 9ddf68

you could try and kick him between the legs, just draw your ax and make it look your going to swing it then at the last second bring your knee up with all your strength right into his groin. If he's use to normal fights I think that might catch him off guard, then when he's distracted by this then hit him with the blunt side of your ax. A one two 'punch' if you will
>>
No. 1004804 ID: 0ecf4e

>>509025
This, or
>punch to the right should!
>It is probably going to leave a bruise, nothing more...
He is either really weak or a new recruit, you can try to deck him in the gut.
>>
No. 1004805 ID: 35edd4

>>509031
Or maybe this species just isn't all that badass. Would explain Red's willingness to fight.
>>
No. 1004806 ID: eaf2f5

Drop your weapon, throw off your cloak and rip off your shirt. Then engage the dragon man in MANLY hand to hand combat.
>>
No. 1004807 ID: d21ec8

non-evil people don't speak that way. kill him.
>>
No. 1004808 ID: dc4a44

Or he's just showing bravado.
Either way, you gotta fight now, try not to be a murderer.
>>
No. 1004809 ID: da7aaa
File 136796588947.png - (113.47KB , 600x600 , 77.png )
1004809

rolled 5, 6, 3 = 14

Yeah, let's do this the more preferable non-murderous way!

1st, 2nd: bash. 3rd: dragon's attack
>>
No. 1004810 ID: da7aaa
File 136796692684.png - (22.12KB , 600x600 , 78.png )
1004810

>success!

And pow! The lizard is knocked out for good!
Well eh... For some time at least!
It's just eh...
I won..

Good thing this did not turn into a murder...
>>
No. 1004811 ID: f2c20c

>>509144
Alright, suppress your terror aura again while releasing the dragon. Also ask if it can talk. Say that the Red One sent you.
>>
No. 1004812 ID: 9ddf68

now show the dragon the note and get to letting it loss, even if this isn't the guy we're looking for I'm sure he'll still proved a great distraction for now.
>>
No. 1004813 ID: 76b151

Murder is premeditated and unlawful. Killing while in battle for anothers freedom is generally not that. Yes its still a horible thing but you can be justified in doing so.
>>
No. 1004814 ID: d6ef5d

Quick, tie up the lizard so if and when he wakes up, he can't attack you! Gag him too, so he can't shout for help.

You can use his cape to make a gag, and one of the dragon ropes to tie him up.

Remember to suppress the terror aura again (so as not to draw the attention of others) and try communicating with the dragon.
>>
No. 1004815 ID: af8414

Now free this dude!
>>
No. 1004816 ID: 2baea8

>>509146
This.
>>
No. 1004817 ID: f80b51

>>509145
Take the lizardmen as a prisioner beforehand, trying to get info on who got them the gun and what are their plans would be wise.

Also
Now or never
Touch fluffy tail.
>>
No. 1004818 ID: e653a5

search him.
>>
No. 1004819 ID: dc4a44

No killing is justifiable.

More importantly
Touch his fluffy tail.
>>
No. 1004820 ID: 76b151

>>509243
death is always been a part of life. And when you are fighting the two become deeply intertwined. When you wish to live and the other wishes you to die its often a choice between dying and killing unless you outclass your opponant completely. In that case, and generally that in case only killing is entirably justifiable.
>>
No. 1004821 ID: 495b20

Touch the fluffy tail!
>>
No. 1004822 ID: 35edd4

Get your grope on all over dat tail
>>
No. 1004823 ID: da7aaa
File 136822890518.png - (115.85KB , 600x600 , 79.png )
1004823

I remove the muzzle-sort-of-thing and try to ask the dragon some questions. It just cocks its head.
Then I remember to show the note.
>"Ah, the Red One... He is there, fighting? Then we must hurry. Undo my bindings and we shall fly."
Should I? Or is there something I should do instead?
>>
No. 1004824 ID: 35edd4

TOUCH FLUFFY TAIL
>>
No. 1004825 ID: ba138e

Touch fluffy tail.
>>
No. 1004826 ID: dc4a44

Touch fluffy tail
>>
No. 1004827 ID: f2c20c

Hey. HEY!

We can do BOTH, guys.
>>
No. 1004828 ID: af8414

Yes do that and loot the guard too
>>
No. 1004829 ID: 9ddf68

I can't think of anything else to do so might as well untie him... did the guard you just knock out have any keys on him or are we stuck to using the lock pick.
>>
No. 1004830 ID: d6ef5d

Unbind the dragon, bind the lizard, hop aboard, and take out your rifle so you can be the dragon-plane's gunner.

...even if it's not loaded, we can bluff, and we're already gonna be pretty scary atop that thing.
>>
No. 1004831 ID: 4c2072

If we may be able to help the red one we should free the dragon as fast as we can and not miss the opportunity by getting distracted by looting or touching up the guard.
>>
No. 1004832 ID: 2baea8

Search guard for keys while you give into your instinct to touch fluffy.
>>
No. 1004833 ID: 9a8298

Touch the fluffy tail, use axe on bindings.
>>
No. 1004834 ID: 4a5b22

Hey, you

touch the god damned fluffy tail
>>
No. 1004835 ID: d628f0

Touch Fluffy Tail
>>
No. 1004836 ID: 6bb9db
File 136823286350.gif - (939.03KB , 255x164 , funny loafman.gif )
1004836

Touch the fluffy tail you massive pleb, do it faggot.
>>
No. 1004837 ID: af8414

Don't touch the fluffy tail. At most, grab the dragon's fluffy mane so you don't fall off
>>
No. 1004838 ID: 35edd4

>>509791
HERESY
>>
No. 1004839 ID: cf49fc

>>509857
Compromise: Grab the fluffy mane with the fluffy tail as a backup. Touch the tail upon landing or ejection.
>>
No. 1004840 ID: da7aaa
File 136831227041.png - (96.68KB , 600x600 , 80.png )
1004840

I don't get the hype.
>"...What are you doing?"
>>
No. 1004841 ID: dc4a44

"Winning."
Now ride them dragons. Come to Red's rescue or something.
>>
No. 1004842 ID: d6ef5d

>What are you doing?
Searching the guard before we fly off, or course. And um, binding him. I was kind of wondering if the tail was flexible enough that I could tie him up with it? Silly idea, I guess.
>>
No. 1004843 ID: f2c20c

>>509901
Nothin'.

Let's do this. See if there's locks on his bindings. If there are, quickly check to see if there's keys on the guard- if not just use your axe on the... well, don't cut the dragon.
>>
No. 1004844 ID: af8414

>>509901
awful. should not have touched fluffy tail.
>>
No. 1004845 ID: 803106

"I am unfamiliar with reptiles that have fur, only with mammals having it." I don't think he can understand us though, at least if we say something it sounds like we have an excuse.
>>
No. 1004846 ID: af8414

>>509913
"Sometimes I have stupid impulses" works better
>>
No. 1004847 ID: 9e1727

Now that you've indulged your random impulse to touch fluffy tail, time to unchain the dragon.

Do a cursory check of the guard for the key to the manacles, even though it's unlikely the guard on duty right next to the dragon would have it. It would be a real dumb security move to have the key to release the dragon right next to the dragon, where the dragon could somehow get a hold of it.

If there's no key on the guard, try to ask the dragon where it is, or who has it, since the dragon presumably saw it used. Pantomime turning a key in the lock, then point to the dragon, then to your eyes, then to the imaginary key you're holding, and hopefully he'll get what you're asking.

But if he doesn't know where it is, you're going to have to resort to lockpicks. These are big, heavy locks, so their mechanisms should be pretty simple.
>>
No. 1004848 ID: 3fe991

oh yeah baby rub that shit all over your chin

...or, y'know, just bind and gag and hide him before examining the dragon's bindings.
>>
No. 1004849 ID: 2baea8

Shrug and get to the jailbreak.
>>
No. 1004850 ID: 9ddf68

say you are looking for keys or anything else useful the guard might have on him. if he ask why you're looking though his tail just say you heard that this guys sometimes hide things in the hair on there tails just because no one would think to look there.

Also start see what the guard has on his person to see if we are going to get lucky and find a key or are we going to have to see if we can figure out how to use the lock pick.
>>
No. 1004851 ID: 35edd4

>>509901
"Touching fluffy tail."

Straightfaced. No further explanation.
>>
No. 1004852 ID: cf49fc

>>509901
Think of it this way. YOU'RE TOUCHING A DRAGON! WOO!
>>
No. 1004853 ID: cf49fc

>>509901
Think of it this way. YOU'RE TOUCHING A DRAGON! WOO!
>>
No. 1004854 ID: b0bfef

I thought we were touching the gaurd's fluffy tail, not the dragon's?

...... touch that dang ol' gaurds tail dag'nabit, then let's use the axe on those bonds! The Red One needs us!
>>
No. 1004855 ID: af8414

>>510056
I think that is the guard's tail.
>>
No. 1004856 ID: cf49fc

>>510059
That's boring. Touch the dragon instead.
>>
No. 1004857 ID: 35edd4

>>510056
It's a tail and it's fluffy. What else matters?
>>
No. 1004858 ID: cf49fc

>>510138
Dragons > Fluffiness
>>
No. 1004859 ID: 1ca9d2

You've got more important things to do than this touching stuff nonsense. Unchain the dragon and hitch a ride.
>>
No. 1004860 ID: da7aaa
File 136848407756.png - (32.94KB , 600x600 , 81.png )
1004860

Enough with this fluff-nonsense!
I pick the locks ( as the guard did not have key, but he is unconscious anyway so eh ) and release the dragon!
And fly we do!

>"Stranger, my friend instructed me to take you somewhere safe, but I do understand if you wish for us to save the Red One. And indeed, part of me desires it as well. You must understand that he has signed for this fate... But I do not trust the general will grant him death of honor Red desires. Speak any words to my ear if you wish to go help him as well..."
>>
No. 1004861 ID: 76b151

The red one deserves his honorable death, could we watch to see if the general kills him or not and rescue him if they try to make him a prisoner.
>>
No. 1004862 ID: d6ef5d

Yeah! Rescue mission! We have a dragon and some kind of magic gun! (maybe). We can do this!
>>
No. 1004863 ID: 35edd4

Cuddle fluffy neck.

Also say some words.
>>
No. 1004864 ID: 35edd4

Also testfire the gun.
>>
No. 1004865 ID: 2fbf20

>>510396
We could destroy their workshops and armory. A militaristic race like this one would be horribly crippled by something like that.
>>
No. 1004866 ID: af8414

Say some words yo
>>
No. 1004867 ID: 2baea8

>>510404
This. Point to their armory and weapons, see if he gets what you mean. Then say some words to show you will help the Red One once they are distracted.

Test fire the gun into the air away from the dragon, to see if it is magical. If it is, well, we probably can't hit shit with it. Might make good cover fire though.
>>
No. 1004868 ID: 9ddf68

might as well, not to say red might be a little pissed but hey might as well try and save everybody here so at least red can say goodbye to his giant flying friend here.
>>
No. 1004869 ID: 98f4aa

Tell the dragon that you do wish to help The Red One and destroying their armory may be an option, though it will only cripple them. That can be easily replaced, and won't be the help Red may be needing.

Ask the dragon if he has anything in particular in mind, if the dragon has a name, and be sure to warn him beforehand if you decide to test fire the gun. Assuming it has ammunition.
>>
No. 1004870 ID: 2fbf20

>>510511
My plan was to destroy the the armory first to get their attention (because it's nearby the fight) then start destroying the workshops (the places where they make finished goods).
On a side note I think the Red One can win the fight it's just he's choosing not to since he's the distraction.
>>
No. 1004871 ID: 2baea8

>>510511
I think we still can't speak their language, that's why he just said 'say something'. We can only understand it cause Red gave us one of his magic arm-crystals.
>>
No. 1004872 ID: da8550

if he has a fiery breath like a traditional dragon, sure, go right ahead and burn the armory.
>>
No. 1004873 ID: d776aa

Ask who was that guy in the hall
>>
No. 1004874 ID: da7aaa
File 136874490316.png - (43.22KB , 600x600 , 82.png )
1004874

Well, speaking to him/her is hard since, eh. I don't speak their language. I can understand it, but it kinda auto-translated sort, I cannot even distinguish their language from English. Hopefully time will fix that.

The gun is empty as I guessed. Dead. Just a bit more sophisticated club.

Okay, to rescue Red we go! The general and the Red One are still engaged in furious battle. General swinging quite gracefully a huge chunk of metal ( it almost looks like a claw of sort! ) and Red moving around as an incredibly quick red blur, delivering deadly strikes with precision. While General has sustained more injuries, it seems Red is getting exhausted. His stabs don't quite connect and slashes just scrape...

I am not sure if I am able to gesture burning down the armory.
>>
No. 1004876 ID: d6ef5d

Wow, neat. Red's morphed one arm into a full on crystal claw, and is his blade red crystal too?

Maybe the dragon should do a flyby and roar? While you crank your terror aura as high as it can go? Create distraction and panic long enough for Red to strike.
>>
No. 1004877 ID: af8414

I think we have to let the dragon take the lead here, since we can't really communicate and he's bound to understand the situation better than we do. Just get ready to roll with whatever he decides to do.
>>
No. 1004878 ID: 9ddf68

red seems to be coughing up a lot of blood, tell the dragon to swoop down and do his thing since we really can't come up with a plan with the guy so the best we can do is try and follow his lead and hope it doesn't put us in front of a group of heavily armed and very pissed off lizard people.
>>
No. 1004879 ID: 9e1727

Gesture to the dragon to swoop in and land right on top of the general, since that'd be the most effective way to end the fight. A flat hand swooping down vertically, then curving horizontal and stopping, accompanied by "whoosh" and "splat" sounds would convey what you mean.
>>
No. 1004880 ID: 246d7b

try gesturing anyway.
>>
No. 1004881 ID: da7aaa
File 136891868719.png - (105.48KB , 600x600 , 83.png )
1004881

I decide to let dragon to interfere. Letting down a mighty roar, we swoop down near the two, dragon trying to snap at the general. General manages rolls away.
>"What the... Who let you out..? Interlopers! GUARDS! KILL THEM!"
He tries to land a blow on the Red One, but is way too distracted by our arrival. The Red One uses this as his advantage, stops the large blade dead on its tracks and delivers a nasty riposte! But it is not lethal nor deadly. General is in visible pain, but can still act.
"..What are you doing here you idiots?! I told you to go! Fly away!"

Lizards who were spectators are regaining their composure. The dragon and I are very unsure what we should do.
>>
No. 1004882 ID: dc4a44

You heard the man. Git!
>>
No. 1004883 ID: f2c20c

That's enough. Run!
>>
No. 1004884 ID: b93170

Unless you can tell the dragon to just grab red I say run
>>
No. 1004885 ID: 9e1727

...The Red One had the chance to take down the general, yet didn't... Dammit, he's looking to die here in glorious battle as a distraction to make sure the dragon and you got away without the lizards knowing right away, and you two almost blew it. He's probably doing this 'cause he was going to die soon anyway; You've seen how much blood has flowed from his nose. He has to be in his last days.

Get out of there. Haul back on the dragon's mane with one hand and frantically gesture to it with the other to get off the ground.
>>
No. 1004886 ID: 7ee51d

get Red! he won't win this.
>>
No. 1004887 ID: 2fbf20

>>511634
That why I suggested destorying the armory or workshops.
>>
No. 1004889 ID: 710329

No! We must give the Red One the funerals he deserves!
>>
No. 1004890 ID: af8414

>>511679
Kid's not dead yet!
>>
No. 1004891 ID: d6ef5d

Man, I want to help so bad but we don't have a lot of options here and we're even further restrained by the fact we can't even talk to the dragon if we come up with a good plan. The gun doesn't even work. It's the kidnapped villagers all over again. No way to help.

Aside from running, I think the only thing we have to try is the terror aura, and that already failed once.
>>
No. 1004892 ID: a4ff20

Combine terror aura with giant badass featherbutt dragon aura!
>>
No. 1004893 ID: 2baea8

>>511721
It has a Frightening Presence right?
Let's do that.
>>
No. 1004894 ID: d6ef5d

>>511724
Hey, and Red has a terror Aura too, right? If he senses what we're doing and joins in either turning off his suppression or cranking it up...
>>
No. 1004895 ID: da7aaa
File 136994699457.png - (37.05KB , 600x600 , 84.png )
1004895

We do as the Red One says. I motion the dragon to rise, avoiding approaching lizardmen.
The General is recovers from Red One's counterattack. He grabs Red's arm, snaps it with a loud crack and delivers a sharp punch to Red's face.
Absolutely brutal and disgusting.
>>
No. 1004896 ID: da7aaa
File 136994735298.png - (77.39KB , 600x600 , 85.png )
1004896

>"Your tricks and traps end here Red..."

We fly higher. I cannot help but feel absolutely shit about Red One. This shouldn't have happened like this...

Red falls to ground, barely moving. The general nearly falls over, but manages to keep himself just and just up.

>"The dragon is escaping... call them! Call him! I WANT THAT DRAGON AND HIS RIDER DEAD!"
He screams weakly.

From building steps the armoured one and an unknown figure. Still too far away to get good look at, should I motion dragon to get closed or continue the escape?
>>
No. 1004897 ID: dc4a44

Keep runnin'

That looks like general yellowfluff down there.
>>
No. 1004898 ID: 19b3c3

Godsdamnit. Stupid lizard jerks. It's the prisoners all over again- we've got a dragon, and we still don't have a way to help!

I desperately want to save Red, but he's giving his life to get the dragon out, and I have a hard time throwing that away, especially without a good plan or anything to do. Our main weapon is stealth, which doesn't apply anymore. And we can't just ride in and attack with the dragon- they subdued it once before.
>>
No. 1004899 ID: b7e818

Swoop down and get the Red One! Motion it to the dragon! The kid's cool, but he's still just a kid! Even if he's gonna die anyway, he might as well do it with people he likes instead of those stupid lizards!
>>
No. 1004900 ID: 2baea8

Yeah, these guys clearly took down the dragon before somehow. They're PC-level strong.
Fly away and point the dragon towards the Focus. It was Red's request that, if you died, you would find the Sage in that direction. Hopefully it was in his note.
>>
No. 1004901 ID: 2baea8

>>513566
If he died, not you.
>>
No. 1004902 ID: f2c20c

>>513562
Get the fuck out.
>>
No. 1004903 ID: 9ddf68

we should go, now
>>
No. 1004904 ID: c23ab0

Command the dragon to avenge Red's death with a final frontal assault crushing anyone in his way with his mangled smoking corpse if needed!

Dragon: ignore boney pink thing and continue to fly away.
>>
No. 1004905 ID: 937dbc

there isn't much left to do here. just run.
>>
No. 1004906 ID: 5869f6

Retreat, recompose, avenge red.
>>
No. 1004907 ID: 2fbf20

>>513562
What do you mean far? You have binoculars use them.
>>
No. 1004908 ID: d2ae7c

Why are we abandoning Red so easily?
They will desecrate his corpse. They will parade it around and ruin it. he doesn't deserve that.

Motion dragon to get close, snag Red, and then fly up high to get the hell out of dodge with Red or what's left of him. He's too cool a dude to give up on like that. Even if he said to. He was more worried about us than the dragon, after all, and just playing the part of the hero he is.
>>
No. 1004909 ID: 952246

>>513562
Escape, of course.

>>513979
We can't beat these guys, and Red wanted us to escape.
>>
No. 1004910 ID: d2ae7c

Where did I ever say to fight them? I just suggested grabbing the guy and running.
>>
No. 1004911 ID: 2fbf20

>>514018
The problem is we don't know how the dragon got captured in the first and if we get close risk finding out how.
>>
No. 1004912 ID: ff5c2d
File 137029391272.png - (21.72KB , 600x600 , 86.png )
1004912

We continue the escape, ignoring the ominous figures.
In last surge of strength, the Red One rises, taking tight grip of something protruding from his back.
>>
No. 1004914 ID: c23ab0

Better than expected. We have a friendly dragon now! Just have to try not to upset his grief with our boundless and cheerful optimism.
>>
No. 1004915 ID: ff5c2d
File 137029466542.png - (47.92KB , 600x600 , 87.png )
1004915

And with his red arm he throws the thing. The Javelin leavesas a red line, decapitating the general and penetrating the wall. After that both bodies fall down dead.
>>
No. 1004916 ID: 19b3c3

...rest in peace Red. You were pretty damn cool. I'm sorry we couldn't have helped you more.

Man, this land is sad. I guess we see where the dragon takes us now?
>>
No. 1004917 ID: ff5c2d
File 137029494244.png - (7.91KB , 600x600 , 88.png )
1004917

We fly away with good pace, focus as our destination. While I am pretty darn sad right now, I am not a man of deep grief. The journey is long so I think I should nap. Maybe it'll help me take my mind off this...
>>
No. 1004918 ID: 9ddf68

well since we really can't talk to the 'dragon' might as well... also what happened to the two guys who where traveling with red?

For things to do when we wake up, lets try to learn the language so we can actually talk to people.
>>
No. 1004919 ID: 01531c

>>514335
Aww yeah, sweet justice, batman!

By disobeying Red, we became the distraction that gave him the opening to slay The General!
>>
No. 1004920 ID: 882554

>>514428

or the distraction that caused him to have his radius and ulna shattered and embedded into the muscles of his forearm thus forcing him to dislodge his own spine as an attack and die.
>>
No. 1004921 ID: af8414

Don't fall off
>>
No. 1004922 ID: 01531c

>>514477
Red had reached the lethal stage of his chronic disease. He was already fated to die. The General probably wasn't.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password