[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki] :: [Discord]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Embed (advanced)   Help
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 25600 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 161153328147.png - (493.32KB , 1280x720 , EC00085.png )
986217 No. 986217 ID: e51896



-----------

Author's Commentary: Potentially NSFW, it all depends on what happens.

-----------

Memories
https://questden.org/kusaba/questarch/res/970517.html

-----------

Thoughts
https://questden.org/kusaba/questdis/res/133347.html

-----------

Knowledge
https://questden.org/wiki/Enclosed_Curtains
Expand all images
>>
No. 986218 ID: e51896
File 161153335642.gif - (7.36MB , 1280x720 , EC00086.gif )
986218

“Hi.”
>>
No. 986219 ID: e51896
File 161153340871.gif - (730.95KB , 1280x720 , EC00087.gif )
986219

“I appreciate you all for your patience and understanding in waiting for everyone to take the time to reflect and get their thoughts together as they prepare for the future. I hope you’ve all been keeping yourself occupied during that wait. That said, I believe we’re about ready to begin again.”
>>
No. 986220 ID: e51896
File 161153346804.gif - (2.16MB , 1280x720 , EC00088.gif )
986220

“You’ve all have done well as a subconscious. For your first pass through this realm, you’ve gained an understanding of the dream realm and some of the people living in it, as well as the getting accustomed to being the subconscious of the person you are guiding and an understanding of who she is as a person. And now with your next pass through the realm coming, this is where your guidance will really be tested.”
>>
No. 986221 ID: e51896
File 161153351864.gif - (480.77KB , 1280x720 , EC00089.gif )
986221

“Oh! it looks like everything is already set and is about ready to begin again. That was quick. Sorry if our meeting was brief this time around, but we will speak again later in more detail. Until then, follow your dreams.”
>>
No. 986222 ID: e51896
File 161153358613.gif - (380.50KB , 1280x720 , EC00090.gif )
986222

After climbing the stairs to the second floor of his home, the dreamcier is halted at the front of the door of his room by the memories of what had happened fairly recently in the day, ones which have left him a little shook up despite his relief of being in the safety of his home.

:ec_game1: :( Finally… home at last… phew… that was scary!)

While he isn’t paralyzed with fear, He feels as though he cannot continue into his room until he reflects upon what had happened to try to make sense of things. He turns to face the door he just passed as he replays the events of what happened in his head. It was then he realized...

:ec_game1: :(The PA system didn’t announce what happened yet either... weird.)

The civilization in which he lives in has a PA system in place with speakers all over the tower for announcing many important things such as events coming up, information of traffic or construction happening in the tower, alerts on suspicious activities or something dangerous happening, or alarms for things like fires in the area. Since the PA system have been very diligent at reporting such important happenings, The Dreamcier finds it odd as to why there was no announcement for the strange abnormality he and a bunch of other people just witnessed outside of the mall he bought his friend’s gift from earlier.

:ec_game1: :(Should I tell my friends about it? They probably won’t believe me...)

Maybe the fact there was no announcement means it wasn’t as such a big deal as he had thought. After all, he didn’t stick around to see the context of what was happening at the time. As soon as it happened, he ran right to a train to make it back home as soon as he could. It made him doubt if what he saw was real and if his friends would even believe him online. But even if that wasn’t the case, he couldn’t shake the feeling he was also being followed on his way home. Perhaps it was the heightened paranoia from the fear he experienced earlier.

In the end, the Dreamcier concludes that maybe he shouldn’t worry about it too much. He is safe in the comfort of his own home, after all.

:ec_game1: : (Glad the semester is over, so I won’t need to leave for a while.)

That was right, since the college semester was over, he pretty much has no reason to leave the isolation of his home until the winter break is over and the next semester begins. Just enough time for whatever happened to blow over. That thought satisfied him enough to calm his nerves and enter his room.
>>
No. 986223 ID: e51896
File 161153372637.png - (27.37KB , 1280x720 , EC00091.png )
986223

After entering the bedroom, he takes in his surroundings to think about what to do next. To his left is a closet, and a dresser with a figurine and a picture resting on top of it. To his right is a television, game system, and a comfy couch. In front of him is his bed, desk and laptop, a window, and some wrapping paper on the windowsill.

Whatever he does next, the current objectives are to wrap up his friend’s birthday gift he got from the mall, and see if one of his friends are online to talk with him about what happened and to help calm his nerves.
>>
No. 986224 ID: e51896
File 161153377359.png - (75.24KB , 1280x720 , EC00092.png )
986224

This Dreamcier was also given a name, a name from a memory. He was named…
>>
No. 986225 ID: 4846e9

August!
>>
No. 986226 ID: 8483cf

Darryl!
>>
No. 986227 ID: 583e24

>>986225
You know, given the Dreamciers we’ve seen all have sort a of a Roman motif with their names, I’m gonna go with this this but change it up just a little

Augustus Cassian, but just August to his friends
>>
No. 986228 ID: ce39da

Dali

Whether you're calm enough to start wrapping or not, you should make sure you have wrapping paper or a gift-bag to do it with before you do anything else.
>>
No. 986232 ID: 2a895f

How about... Sigmus? His friends just call him Sig, though.
>>
No. 986260 ID: bcb0c0

How about Dremius Paralyus
>>
No. 986271 ID: d63ea8

>>986232
>>986225
Sigmus Augustus? Seeing as people are going for Roman sounding names?
>>
No. 986413 ID: e51896
File 161182295392.gif - (155.88KB , 1280x720 , EC00093.gif )
986413

>>986227
>>986232
>>986271
>>986225

...Augustus. Last name, Sigmus.
That's right... Augustus Sigmus is what he is called.

But unfortunately, Augustus Sigmus couldn't be chosen as a name because the name selection screen could only allow no more than 7 letters. Therefore, he is known by his nickname August, and will be referred to as such from this point forward.

However, his name will forever be known as Augustus Sigmus in spirit and mind, and will never be forgotten.
>>
No. 986414 ID: e51896
File 161182298923.gif - (2.21MB , 1280x720 , EC00094.gif )
986414

>>986228
>Whether you're calm enough to start wrapping or not, you should make sure you have wrapping paper or a gift-bag to do it with before you do anything else.

To keep his mind off of what he witnessed, August decides to occupy his mind with some important tasks he needs to attend to, the most important being to wrap up his friend's birthday gift.

The wrapping paper is basking under the starlit sky on the windowsill in front of August's eyes. As if hes tranced by the hands of responsibility, August proceeds over to the window and retrieves the wrapping paper.

Got Wrapping Paper!
>>
No. 986415 ID: e51896
File 161182300803.png - (29.52KB , 1280x720 , EC00095.png )
986415

Immediately afterwards, August sits on his chair, and places his friend's birthday gift on the desk along with the wrapping paper.

:ec_game1: :(I still cannot believe I managed to get a pre-order for this thing all things considered... It makes me want to keep it all to myself... but this is her favorite character, so I can't sadly... Well, at least I know my gift will be the best out of everyone else, hahahah!)

The gift August is sending to his friend for her birthday is a large figurine of a character from a cartoon television series that he and his friends enjoy watching, "Assorted Candied Mech Suits", similar to the figurine he owns on his dresser. August and his friend's love of the show is how he and his friends met online through message boards.

Blue Flavor is his friend's favorite character. But for some stupid reason, the company decided to release Blue Flavor in limited quantities, for a limited time, and exclusive at Humble Mall of all places, which means scalpers buying them would make it very difficult to find because of how rare and valuable it will become. August still can't believe that he was lucky enough to get one pre-ordered at his mall.
>>
No. 986416 ID: e51896
File 161182302916.png - (29.38KB , 1280x720 , EC00096.png )
986416

August wraps up the figurine, being careful that none of the tape sticks onto the box of the figurine and only sticks to the wrapping paper to avoid the risk of the tape peeling some of the artwork off the box making it lose it's value. Upon finishing, August feels a strong sense of accomplishment.

:ec_game1: :(Excellent. I can't wait to see what her reaction will be when she finds out what my gift is.)


Got Wrapped Present!

August turns his attention over to the laptop.


:ec_game1: :(I wonder how my friends are doing. Now that the semester is over, I'll have a lot of free time to spend chatting & playing games with them... I should get around to talking with them really soon, especially about what happened.)
>>
No. 986419 ID: e51896
File 161182322742.png - (26.26KB , 1280x720 , EC00097.png )
986419

:ec_game3: :"♩ The sun, the moon
Just things that make me smile
The clouds, the rain
Things that last a while ♩"


August's ears perk up upon hearing the voice of his sister singing her favorite song in her bedroom next to his. Her singing isn't all that good, but she does put a lot of heart into it which gives it its charm to tolerate the flaws.

August is however confused by hearing her singing.

:ec_game1: :(Huh? My sister is home? I thought she was telling me all week that she was going to spend tonight at her friend's place to party. Did they cancel at the last minute? What a shame, I thought I'd have the whole house to myself tonight.)

Although he is a college student, he does not live in a dorm room during his time at college. Instead, hes been living with his parents, and his sister to save on money. However, this week, his mother and father are on vacation, leaving the place to him and his sister to look after for the time being.

:ec_game1: :(I should probably stop by her bedroom and go say hi to her later as well once I'm done with everything here.)
>>
No. 986421 ID: ac92a8

after you're done wrapping that up, drop by your sisters room, see whats up with her. Maybe she'd like to do something together this evening?
>>
No. 986422 ID: b1b4f3

>>986419
Check today's date before you talk to anyone online.
>>
No. 986426 ID: ce39da

>>986422
Oh. OH! Yeah, skipped time might explain a lot of things. This might not be the day of the party. It's also possible that there was already an alert about what you saw; you just weren't there to hear it.

If it's after the date of your friend's birthday, shoot an apology for the fact that your gift will be late.
>>
No. 986429 ID: 612369

>>986422
Actually yes, what is today's date? We should know this is if our friend's birthday today.

And just drop by your sister on the way out, just to give her a howdy-do.
>>
No. 986494 ID: d63ea8

>>986421
This, though you may want to prioritize the present, depending on how good the mail service is around here.
>>
No. 986504 ID: bcb0c0

Ok so there are no parents, the home is left to you and your sister. So do you have anything special planned for this rare occasion? I mean this is a perfect occasion for shenanigans.
>>
No. 986586 ID: 8483cf

Don't forget the card to go with the present!
>>
No. 986676 ID: e51896
File 161212537111.gif - (256.06KB , 1280x720 , EC00098.gif )
986676

August thinks about what to do next. Staring at the laptop, he knows he should really speak to his friends about what happened, but… is he ready to talk about it? He thinks of other responsibilities he should indulge in before he is mentally prepared to talk in chat online.

>>986586
>Don't forget the card to go with the present!

:ec_game1: : (Hmmm… if I’m going to make this gift the best, it needs the finishing touch to really put it together… a card! That’s right!)
He gets to work on writing the birthday letter on his computer

To Flirt@tious_Collider494
Congratulations on making it through another year & achieving another age to your collection, even if you don’t really want another one of those. I mean, you already got like, what? 21 of those? LOL.
I got you the most awesome gift that is sure to bring all the other gifts you get on your birthday out of the water. Please let me know how awesome I am as soon as you receive the gift ;)
-eg0-n1matic


>>986494
>though you may want to prioritize the present, depending on how good the mail service is around here.

:ec_game1: : (All right, all that is left is to print it and send the gift and letter to the post… office… … Oh shoot, I guess I’m going to have to go out after all. Well, at least the post office is closed for the night at the moment. I can do it tomorrow. I’ll probably get over what happened and feel mentally prepared enough to go out by then.)

He prints the letter and decides to check out some of the other programs on his computer as it prints. His family has a printer downstairs in his dad’s work office. But since the post office is closed, he decides he’ll retrieve the letter tomorrow before he heads there first thing in the morning. It’s not going anywhere.

>>986419
>Check today's date before you talk to anyone online.
>>986422
>Oh. OH! Yeah, skipped time might explain a lot of things. This might not be the day of the party. It's also possible that there was already an alert about what you saw; you just weren't there to hear it. If it's after the date of your friend's birthday, shoot an apology for the fact that your gift will be late.
>>986422
>Actually yes, what is today's date? We should know this is if our friend's birthday today.

:ec_game1: : (Now that I think about it, how many days is it until Flirt@tious_Collider494 birthday again? I know I’m kind of cutting it close since the gift arrived at the store today which is near the day of her birthday.)

He checks the date. 01/12, Which means her birthday is in around a week and a half, the 22nd. He will definitely need to send the present to the post office as soon as he can tomorrow if he wants any chance for it to be sent by that day. Today is also the day his sister was supposably going to be at her friend’s party.

:ec_game1: : (Looks like I still got a small window of opportunity tomorrow. Now then, I guess I should see if anybody is available to talk with me.)

He logs into the chat program and investigates into who is online. From what he sees, two of his friends status is set to “away”, one is set to “do not disturb”, another two are set as “offline”, and it looks like only one person is online: Indolent_G3ar_57. He shoots the person a private message.
Hey, I’m back from college. Are you available to talk?

:ec_game1: : (It usually takes a while for Indolent_G3ar_57 to respond to messages. I should find something else to do until he responds back.)


>>986421
>after you're done wrapping that up, drop by your sisters room, see whats up with her. Maybe she'd like to do something together this evening?
>>986429
>And just drop by your sister on the way out, just to give her a howdy-do.
>>986504
>Ok so there are no parents, the home is left to you and your sister. So do you have anything special planned for this rare occasion? I mean this is a perfect occasion for shenanigans.

:ec_game1: : (Maybe I should check with my sister until he responds and see why she isn’t at the party. Maybe ask some questions regarding if she knows anything about what happened near the mall. Perhaps we can also do some kind of activity as well to keep our minds off of things.)

August grabs the Laptop off the desk and puts it in his inventory.
Got Laptop!
>>
No. 986678 ID: e51896
File 161212542387.gif - (2.68MB , 1280x720 , EC00099.gif )
986678

August exits his room into the hall and proceeds eastward towards his sister’s room and knocks on her door upon reaching it.

:ec_game3: :“Door’s open!”

He enters after receiving her permission.
>>
No. 986679 ID: e51896
File 161212548174.gif - (2.76MB , 1280x720 , EC00100.gif )
986679

The room is the color of magenta, his sister’s favorite color. There is a closet facing the opposite direction of the door August entered, and north of where he is standing is where his sister keeps her belongings. There is a mirrored vanity in which she spends a lot of time with, a television which is playing some karaoke that his sister was singing along to, a painting that she painted a while back, her dresser with a yellow flower on top of it she is caring for, her desktop computer where she writes music lyrics, and a bed. She is sitting on the bed waiting for August to chat with her.

He approaches her and the two begin conversing.

:ec_game3: :“Hi, August, Whacha want?”
:ec_game1: :“Just dropped by to say hi… hey, um… wasn’t tonight the party?”
:ec_game3: :“Yeah, it was supposed to be, but my friend Melissa called me at the last minute to tell me and a bunch of other people it was cancelled.”
:ec_game1: :“Huh? Why?”
:ec_game3: :“I’m not sure. She said something about her parents calling her to get over to where they are immediately as something wonderful has happened.”
:ec_game1: :“Did she say what it was?”
:ec_game3: :“Not really, she was speaking really quickly and cheerful over the phone and wanted to keep the conversation brief. She told me she would tell me what happened when she gets back.”
:ec_game1: :(Hmm… I wonder if it has anything to do with the weird day I’ve been having…) “Hey, did you happen to hear anything over the PA about anything happening recently?”
:ec_game3: :“Nope, just the usual boring morning, and afternoon announcements… but now that I think about it, what time is it? It has been a while and I don’t think I’ve heard the evening announcements yet.”
:ec_game1: : “Hmm… good point. Last I checked it was around 6.”
:ec_game3: :“Eh, they probably forgot... So, I guess now that I’m here for the night and we both have a bunch of free time, what do you want to do? You can listen to me sing a new song I wrote if you want, or maybe we can play a game, watch a movie, get some food delivered...”
:ec_game1: : “Well… I’ll have to give it some thought. But whatever we do, I should let you know that I might have a conversation with my friend online later. I hope you don’t mind if I have a conversation with them in the middle of any activity we plan.”
:ec_game3: :“Not at all. Speaking of which, did you get your friend’s birthday gift?”
:ec_game1: : “Yep. I just need to bring it to the post office tomorrow.”
:ec_game3: :“Excellent!”
>>
No. 986680 ID: e51896
File 161212551873.png - (11.53KB , 1280x720 , EC00101.png )
986680

August’s sister has aspiring dreams of becoming a diva, and have been doing everything she can to make her dream come true such as improving her appearance, and practicing her singing. She still has a long way to go, but she has a lot of heart and willpower to try to make her dreams come true. What is her name?
>>
No. 986681 ID: 12b116

Jennifer
>>
No. 986714 ID: ce39da

Galatea.
>>
No. 986718 ID: 8483cf

May!
>>
No. 986724 ID: 894419

Evelyn!
>>
No. 986728 ID: bcb0c0

Mayday
>>
No. 986729 ID: f73bc9

Maya.
>>
No. 986752 ID: 612369

>>986714
ooh, I actually really like this name.
>>
No. 987150 ID: e51896
File 161266593536.gif - (117.34KB , 1280x720 , EC00102.gif )
987150

>>986718
>>986728
>>986729

She will be named "Maya Sigmus". Sometimes she is nicknamed "Mayday"

But because August couldn't be named by his full name, it was decided to shortened her name to "May" to keep a theme going for the moment.
>>
No. 987151 ID: e51896
File 161266595904.png - (24.91KB , 1280x720 , EC00103.png )
987151

After discussing it a little bit, May and August decided that they will watch a movie for the night. She pops in the movie “the Refrain of Tears”, one of her favorite musicals.
Normally he isn’t a big fan of musicals since it involves trying to listen closely to the lyrics in order to understand the story which is hard to do sometimes without subtitles, but since the party she wanted to go to was cancelled, he decides to give her a break and just watch it with her without starting an argument. He grabs the chair from the vanity and sits next to the bed putting all his attention on the television.

Halfway through the movie as he tries to follow along with the lyrics of the movie, he hears a notification from his laptop. A familiar sound signaling that someone had mentioned him in chat, or sent a personal message to try to get his attention in the chatroom he hangs out in. He figures that since he already can’t follow along with the movie, he might as well chat with whoever is calling out to him. It should be fine to excuse himself since he already let his sister know he might get interrupted earlier.

After letting her know what’s going on after a particularly catchy song, and ensuring her that it won’t last too long, he sets his laptop up over on the vanity and investigates who is calling him. It seems like Indolent_G3ar_57 was the one who got back to him. August proceeds to join in the conversation.
>>
No. 987152 ID: e51896
File 161266598104.png - (26.13KB , 1280x720 , EC00104.png )
987152

After letting her know what’s going on after a particularly catchy song, and ensuring her that the convo won’t last too long, he sets his laptop up over on the vanity and investigates who is calling him. It seems like Indolent_G3ar_57 was the one who got back to him through the personal messaging. August proceeds to join in the conversation.


:ec_game2: : Hi, eg0-n1matic. Sorry for the late response. I’ve been taking a nap ever since I got into an argument with ex@sperat3d10/10.
:ec_game1: : And you didn’t set your status to “away”?
:ec_game2: : I was hoping she would eventually respond back with an apology, so I kept myself available for her to notify me.
:ec_game1: : And yet you didn’t hear my response.
:ec_game2: : Hey, it was a good nap. Ready for a voice chat?
:ec_game1: : Can’t. I’d be interrupting my sister’s movie if I start yapping away.

May begins singing along to one of the songs from the movie.

:ec_game1: : Not to mention I’d be doing you a favor by saving you from her singing. Text chat is fine for now.
:ec_game2: : lol.
:ec_game1: : What were you even arguing about? I did notice her status was set to ‘do not disturb’…
:ec_game2: : Oh, you know if there is an argument concerning ex@sperat3d10/10 it is usually something small that she blew out of proportion.
:ec_game1: :Yeah, probably best I don’t know, her arguments are headache inducing. btw, I got my birthday gift ready to send to Flirt@tious_Collider494. Did you get yours ready yet?
:ec_game2: : Oh yeah, I forgot about that… when is her bday again?
:ec_game1: :Dude, it is about a week and ½.
:ec_game2: : Oh, that’s a relief. Plenty of time then
:ec_game1: :Ummmm... no it isn’t. You know that getting mail to her takes a while, right?
:ec_game2: : Haven’t you heard of “fashionably late”?
:ec_game1: :Come on, you’re going to make my birthday gift look the best by default if you aren’t even going to try.
:ec_game2: : It isn’t a competition y’know? And besides, you’re cutting it close yourself sending your gift as late as you are.
:ec_game1: :I at least have an excuse. I couldn’t get my gift ready until it was released in stores today, and even so, I calculated when she would get her gift beforehand. I should be fine
:ec_game2: :Good job. Also, I’m glad you’re done with the college semester

August notices that Indolent_G3ar_57 is trying to change the subject regarding him being too lazy to pick up a gift. This is usually something he does whenever there is something he doesn’t want to talk about. He decides to let it slide this time as he still needs to talk to him about what happen earlier today.

:ec_game1: :Yeah, me too… I actually don’t really want to go outside for a while, even though tomorrow I still have to at least get the gift sent.
:ec_game2: :I can relate. There is no need to go outside when you have internet, video games, and television.
:ec_game1: :Well, for me it is more of the fact that some weird things happened outside today when I left the mall, and I don’t really want to go outside to deal with it until it blows over.
:ec_game2: :Oh?
:ec_game1: :As I was leaving the mall with the gift for Flirt@tious, I heard a sound of something electrical over the bridge facing the highway just outside the mall. And as I looked out the bridge, you wouldn’t believe what I saw!
:ec_game2: :What was it?
:ec_game1: :On the highway, there was a large ball of light in the middle of the street, kind of like a dome that cars were trying to drive around, driving as fast as they could away from it… I only caught a glimpse of it, but I think it was growing, and consuming whatever vehicles near it that didn’t manage to drive around it.
:ec_game2: :Hmm… Maybe somebody accidentally dropped or crashed into something high voltage causing an electrical explosion?
:ec_game1: :I do not know, but I did not stay to find out, so I ran as fast as I could towards a trolley far away from there and back to my home. Oh yeah, and all the lights that were like, in a mile radius of the ball of light was flickering and getting brighter. It was scary. There were other people that were running and driving away too!
:ec_game2: :Huh… weird. I’ve never heard of anything like that happening before, so I don’t know what to tell you.
:ec_game1: :Yeah, they didn’t even mention anything happening in the PA system either… and that’s not all, as soon as I managed to get away from it in the trolley and made it close to my home, I felt like I was being followed…
:ec_game2: :Followed? Maybe you’re just paranoid after what happened…
:ec_game1: :Maybe… but I kept hearing noises or seeing glimpses of moving shadows around me.
:ec_game2: :You think the person may have wanted to steal your gift?
:ec_game1: :Unless they followed me out of the mall, I don’t think so. I kept my gift in my inventory, so they shouldn’t have been able to see it. And not only that, it didn’t just feel like I was being stalked by one person, but rather… multiple people.
:ec_game2: :Yikes! well, I’m glad you made it home safely. Hope you can find a way to send your gift over tomorrow, but really, maybe you should just wait it out until you get more information about what is going on, Yeah?
:ec_game1: :Ugh, I really don’t want my gift to be late though…
:ec_game2: :Priorities, man… Um, hey, listen, I am hearing some kind of mechanically thumping somewhere in my home… it has been going on and off all day, but it seems to be pretty loud this time around. I think I need to check up on it so I can shut off that annoying noise.
:ec_game1: :Alright. I’ll be waiting here. Be careful.
:ec_game2: :You too. Just give me a few minutes.

August decides to listen to the music from the musical as he browses the internet and waits for Indolent_G3ar_57 to return. He seems to be taking longer than he said he’d return, but knowing him, he probably got distracted by a video game, or something on the internet to procrastinate on before he gets back to him. Typical...
>>
No. 987153 ID: e51896
File 161266601278.png - (23.12KB , 1280x720 , EC00105.png )
987153

*Knock knock*
August and May’s attention gets drawn away from their respectful screens their eyes were glued to, and looks over towards the source of the noise of knocking. The knocking sounded like It was coming from the entrance downstairs

:ec_game3: :“Eh? Who could be at the door at this hour?
:ec_game1: :“Not sure… maybe it is a salesman, or a scammer, or a religious person trying to convert us to their religion? Whatever the case, I’m not answering it and pretending we’re not home.”
:ec_game3: :“But what if it is Melissa trying to tell me the party is back on?”

*BANG BANG!*

:ec_game3: :“…On second thought, that does not sound like Melissa…”
:ec_game1: :“Whoa, is somebody… trying to break in our home downstairs?!”

*BANG BANG BANG!*

:ec_game3: :“Oh my… this is… ummm... this is scary August... What do we do?”

May is trying to calm herself with breathing exercises while August thinks of his options. The banging from the front door down the stairs is starting to sound like something is breaking, like the sound of wood being cracked open. He knows that going downstairs now would probably be dangerous, at least without something to protect himself with. He remembers that in his parents’ room across the hall from his sister’s room are some magical illusionary seeds with elemental powers which grants anyone with magical elemental abilities. He can run across the hall into his parents to retrieve them really quick and prepare to defend himself. He might also have to give one to his sister as well. Both of them know how to defend themselves fairly well through some self-defense classes, and it looks like May has started to calm down. But… would he feel safer if she was hiding and he was the one protecting the home, or should they team up to defend themselves? or maybe he should just hide somewhere with his sister until the intruders go away…

What should August do?

A) Get the elemental illusionary seeds from parents’ room and confront the intruders with May, safety in numbers.
B) Get the elemental illusionary seeds from parents’ room and confront the intruders alone while May hides (specify where she hides).
C) Find a place to hide with May (specify where to hide).
>>
No. 987162 ID: 8483cf

D: GTFO. Fire code should allow 2nd-story exits. No sense taking risks: get out!
>>
No. 987164 ID: 047c42

>>987162
Yeah guys this isn’t really the best time to hide or fight. Grab something to defend yourself and try to escape out the window without being seen.
>>
No. 987166 ID: b1b4f3

>>987153
B, but have an escape plan if things go bad.
>>
No. 987168 ID: afe7de

E) Get the seeds and escape, just in case they try to ambush you so you can defend yourselves.
>>
No. 987202 ID: 894419

>>987168
hate to jump off the rails, but this seems smartest
>>
No. 987208 ID: bcb0c0

Why not mix and match. First of quickly take the elemental illusionary seeds and then proceed to escape. Whoever is targeting you right now maybe is working with others, so it would be a good idea to be armed yourself at least while escaping.
>>
No. 987240 ID: c29395

Agreeing with everyone else, go with E
>>
No. 987831 ID: e51896
File 161314822999.gif - (2.53MB , 1280x720 , EC00106.gif )
987831

>>987168
>E) Get the seeds and escape, just in case they try to ambush you so you can defend yourselves.

>>987202
>hate to jump off the rails, but this seems smartest

>>987208
>Why not mix and match. First of quickly take the elemental illusionary seeds and then proceed to escape. Whoever is targeting you right now maybe is working with others, so it would be a good idea to be armed yourself at least while escaping.

>>987240
>Agreeing with everyone else, go with E

Only three options were presented, designed so that each decision would lead to a specific destined end goal. There is no other choice to stray from the fated path…

…and yet, the most logical decision that anybody would make at this moment in time is not one of those choices. Why? Wouldn’t it make logical sense for anybody in this situation to just get something to defend themselves with, and make an escape through an emergency exit like a window?

It just doesn’t make sense!

And just as immediate as those thoughts bubbled up while going through determined effort to try to find that one choice that may have been hidden, a new option flow in, almost naturally.

A new path has opened up, and a choice is finally made.

:ec_game1: : “Alright, May. First thing is to calm down. Deep breaths.”
:ec_game3: : “O…Okay… You have a plan?”
:ec_game1: : “Yes. We are going to escape out of here!”
:ec_game3: : “H…how? You know the only exits are downstairs, where those intruders are trying to break in!”
:ec_game1: : “Who said anything about going downstairs?”
:ec_game3: : ???
:ec_game1: : “We are going to escape through the window out of my room, walk along the edge, and try to find another window to someone else’s home to hide in, like maybe your friend Melissa’s home!”
:ec_game3: : “What?! That is crazy! You know that no one is allowed outside of the tower! Only people’s spirits after they pass away can be granted access out there! There are sleep paralysis demons lurking outside, looking to capture the souls of any living being foolish enough to make the risk to trek outside. Not to mention, we are like, millions of stories high… we could fall!”
:ec_game1: : “You make good points, but sticking around here is also probably going to get us killed as well. Besides, all through my life, nobody has ever seen a demon outside the tower. And even if we do come across one, we’ll be able to fend them off with our elemental seeds. As far as possibly falling goes, the edges are designed to be large enough to catch anybody who accidentally falls off the tower. It should be large enough for us to walk on and escape.”
:ec_game3: : “Well…”

The banging is getting louder, reminding them of the approaching danger.

:ec_game3: : “Okay! I trust you August.”

August puts the laptop back into his inventory while May jumps off her bed and turns off the television. The two makes their exit into the hall.

May joins your party!
>>
No. 987832 ID: e51896
File 161314835340.gif - (2.08MB , 1280x720 , EC00107.gif )
987832

The first thing on August’s mind is to grab the elemental illusionary seeds which grants them magical elemental powers. His parents keep them hidden somewhere in their room. August and May runs across the hall to their parents’ bedroom and swiftly enters it.
>>
No. 987833 ID: e51896
File 161314839305.png - (28.30KB , 1280x720 , EC00108.png )
987833

August and May are now in their parents’ room. Within the walls of this room is a ginormous flower that has been in the family for as long as he can remember, and an old television towards the south. Turning on that television is sure to make some loud noises. North of the room, there is a large bed fit for two people, a large chest in front of said bed (locked), and two nightstands on both sides of the bed. One nightstand containing a phone and the other containing an alarm clock. Both nightstands haves a lamp resting on top of it, and a single drawer. There is also a garbage can next to the nightstand on the right, and a closet. Above the bed hanging on the wall large picture of the family’s late pet. On the floor beneath August’s feet is a large rug between the television and the bed.
>>
No. 987834 ID: e51896
File 161314845809.png - (25.89KB , 1280x720 , EC00109.png )
987834

Suddenly, a new notification on August’s laptop alerts him of a new message in the chat room. He suspects It is most likely Indolent_G3ar_57 returning from his investigation. May speaks out as soon as the notification chime plays.

:ec_game3: : “Ugh! We don’t have time for chatting!”

Checking chat is very tempting, though August still needs to find those seeds. Maybe he can risk sneaking a peek?

The sounds of a loud crash and then sounds of rummaging downstairs rings through their ears. Whoever entered is probably searching the area for someone or something. It will most likely take some time for them to come upstairs if what they are looking for isn’t downstairs.
>>
No. 987835 ID: bcb0c0

Maybe and this is a big maybe but there is a possibility that all of this is a huge prank that your friends are making to scare you two. Why not just confront and see who is making all that ruckus, what is the worst thing that could happen?
>>
No. 987836 ID: e7c7d3

Check the nightstand drawers
>>
No. 987837 ID: afe7de

Check the nightstand drawers for a key to the chest, maybe the seeds are in there!
>>
No. 987838 ID: ce39da

Hey, if they're downstairs, you can maybe look down from the upper railing and gauge whether you would rather take them or sleep paralysis demons on. If you think you can take those guys, it'd be better to do that than break a bylaw and possibly face something even worse.
>>
No. 987839 ID: bbf50d

Check under the rug. Sometimes keys are hidden there.
>>
No. 987888 ID: d63ea8

You might want to set your messenger to silent so the sound won't give you away.

Also check the closet, might have something useful.

(And maybe take a lamp for self-defense purposes?)
>>
No. 988058 ID: e51896
File 161333736978.png - (21.24KB , 1280x720 , EC00110.png )
988058

>>987888
>You might want to set your messenger to silent so the sound won't give you away.

August pulls out his laptop really quick to put it in sleep mode so that no more messages will ping him. May gave him a glare but then relaxes when she realizes he was just going to silence his computer. She gives him a nod of approval as he pockets the laptop back into his inventory.

>>987888
>Also check the closet, might have something useful.

August was going to head over to the closet, but it looked like May already beat him to it. Because August suggested May to follow him instead of hiding, she will be able to cover more ground searching the room.

>>987836
>Check the nightstand drawers
>>987837
>Check the nightstand drawers for a key to the chest, maybe the seeds are in there!

He opens the drawer of the left nightstand and discovers a dream journal. With this, He is able to record what had happened to him thus far if he wanted. (a fancy way of saying he'll just be saving his progress).

:ec_game3: : “Nothing of interest in the closet… just clothing and that creepy skeleton costume from the costume party months back…”
>>
No. 988059 ID: e51896
File 161333738647.png - (19.86KB , 1280x720 , EC00111.png )
988059

>>987888
(And maybe take a lamp for self-defense purposes?)

August picks up the lamp off the nightstand. If they can’t find the seeds, they can at least use the lamps as a weapon to defend themselves with…

And something about this is giving a sense of Déjà vu…

Got Lamp!

May checks the garbage after closing the closet back up.

:ec_game3: :Nothing but paper from a glance but… I’m not going to rummage through trash. Gross. What are the odds something as important as those seeds ending up in there anyway?
>>
No. 988060 ID: e51896
File 161333740423.png - (21.78KB , 1280x720 , EC00112.png )
988060

She then opens the drawer of the nightstand on her side, but closes it up immediately

:ec_game3: : ”Uh, err…
♩Empty void has filled the drawer
Within there is no pleasure.
Disturbed eyes sail elsewhere,
in search for misplaced treasure.♩”


August knows that May has a habit of singing short verses to herself whenever she is nervous about something. He was about to ask May about it when something shiny catches the corner of his eye. On top of the nightstand, it is a key, apparently it was hidden away under the lamp he just put in his inventory.

Got Key!

:ec_game1: : “Hey sis!”
:ec_game3: : “Uh, ♩I just said there was nothing in the drawer!♩”
:ec_game1: : “What? no, I don’t care about that!”
:ec_game3: : “Oh, nevermind. In that case, what’s up? did you find the seeds?”
:ec_game1: : “No, but I did find a key.”
:ec_game3: : “Whoa! What do you think it opens? Wait, you don’t think it opens that chest, do you? I don’t think we’ve ever seen what is inside.”
:ec_game1: : “Only one way to find out.”
>>
No. 988061 ID: e51896
File 161333742274.png - (24.31KB , 1280x720 , EC00113.png )
988061

August and May both approach the chest. He inserts the key, unlocks the lid, and opens it. There are a lot of things August doesn’t recognize. Old clothing, some old looking books with weird symbols on the cover with the pages yellowing, and some syringes. Although he doesn’t recognize the items, something about seeing them feels familiar to him, like as if he seen them a very long time ago as a small child. Before he can delve through his memories to try to remember, May speaks out.

:ec_game3: : “Ah! There they are! I found them, right on top of that blue book over there!”
:ec_game1: : “That’s a relief, lets grab them and get out of here!”

Got Elemental Illusionary Seed (F)!
Got Elemental Illusionary Seed (I)!


The seeds grants anyone who has them magical abilities based off of the element the seeds are categorized in through a dreamcier’s blood. August has gathered a fire seed, and an ice seed.

Before proceeding back to his room, August considers something.

>>987835
>Maybe and this is a big maybe but there is a possibility that all of this is a huge prank that your friends are making to scare you two. Why not just confront and see who is making all that ruckus, what is the worst thing that could happen?

>>987838
>Hey, if they're downstairs, you can maybe look down from the upper railing and gauge whether you would rather take them or sleep paralysis demons on. If you think you can take those guys, it'd be better to do that than break a bylaw and possibly face something even worse.

He thinks of what the possibility might be if he and his sister can take on whoever is intruding and not have to escape. Though he is not sure how strong the invader(s) are. He considers how earlier today that he felt like he was being followed by what felt like more than one person after that incident at the mall and wonders if he'll have to deal with a whole group of them. taking a peek down the stairs and sees what he’d be dealing with might help him decide if he should confront them or not.

With those in mind, he contemplates on a few of his next actions.

- First, he should choose whether or not he wants to record his progress on the dream journal in the nightstand (this option will not eat up time if he decides to write in it)

- next, he should decide with May on who should get the fire elemental seed, and who should get the ice elemental seed.

-Finally, he’ll have to figure out if he should slightly open the door and take a peek down the stairs to see who is actually here or just leave out the window.
>>
No. 988073 ID: 6093e4

>>988061
I'd say you may as well record your progress

You seem more like an ice guy, so you take the ice seed

Probably check what exactly is going on downstairs before you exit by the window, but do it alone, your sister can exit the window ahead of you while you check.
>>
No. 988081 ID: afe7de

Record your progress, Take the Ice seed for you and Fire for your sister, and head out the window pronto!
>>
No. 988088 ID: 2f1e7c

Solid plan. Save and weapon up, ice for you fire for your sisters
>>
No. 988105 ID: 8483cf

>>988081
Agreed! GTFO after recording. Safe option.
>>
No. 988220 ID: ce39da

>>988073
Do NOT split up; both of you might end up having to face a threat alone.

Save, ask May which seed she wants, and peek to see if the intruders are just as dangerous as demons. If not, it's probably better to take them on; not only would it be a less intimidating opponent, you would also have a better terrain advantage. (Better to have the high ground than be fighting from a dangerous ledge.)
>>
No. 988256 ID: 53db94

Fuck it. If you turly fear that sombody has enterd your house and that your lives are in danger, simply start the fire with the fire seed and give the cold seed to your sister to quickly put it out. If the pople who are still inside don't leave when they notice the fire then you know that they are here sepcificly for you or your sister, wich is the worst case scenario, second worst case scenario is diyin of third degree burns. Sorry for this stupid sugetion but this is just you calm thoughts going into panice mode.
>>
No. 988422 ID: d63ea8

Record your progress in the dream journal (save game?) and head out the window.

Ice is the better choice between the two since you might be able to use it to construct walls and platforms.
>>
No. 988445 ID: 5e21b8

Record your progress. If it's free, it's free.

Information is power. If people were after you - one additional peek would not make a difference. They would still be chasing you anyway. But if you arm yourself with the knowledge of who they are, what they look like... what weapons they carry.

What's important to ask is what limitations do those seeds have in terms of powers. Do they only last a while, are they a permanent addition, so forth. If they are limited in time effects, it's probably best to hold onto one each, but perhaps it is best to consider which abilities are available on each seed for future reference.
>>
No. 988723 ID: e51896
File 161394390236.gif - (1.34MB , 1280x720 , EC00114.gif )
988723

>>988073
> You seem more like an ice guy, so you take the ice seed
>>988081
> Take the Ice seed for you and Fire for your sister
>>988088
>ice for you fire for your sister
>>988220
>ask May which seed she wants
>>988422
>Ice is the better choice between the two since you might be able to use it to construct walls and platforms
>>88445
>What's important to ask is what limitations do those seeds have in terms of powers. Do they only last a while, are they a permanent addition, so forth. If they are limited in time effects, it's probably best to hold onto one each, but perhaps it is best to consider which abilities are available on each seed for future reference.

:ec_game1: : "So, which seed would you want, May?

:ec_game3: :"I'm not too sure... What do you think is best for me?"

:ec_game1: : "Hmmm... Fire should pack more of an offensive punch to injure enemies much easier while ice is more defensive with making protective ice walls, and if we are lucky, perhaps freeze any enemies to slow them down. I would be more comfortable if you held on to the fire seed knowing you have something strong enough to protect yourself with in case something happens to me where I can't protect you."

:ec_game3: : "Hey! I can take care of myself, bro. I'm not a child you know... but... yeah, I'll take the fire seed anyway. My coat and shoes are downstairs, so I'm not exactly dressed warm enough for outdoor weather anyway. The fire seed should keep me warm enough."

:ec_game1: : "Makes sense. Just be careful with how much you use it. Overusing these seeds without letting it charge could break it, not to mention it magically draws blood from us in order to use its magic."

:ec_game3: : "No need to remind me. I wouldn't want to make mom kill us for breaking their stuff."

August is now equipped with the ice seed while May equips herself with the fire seed.

>>988073
>I'd say you may as well record your progress
>>988081
>Record your progress
>>988088
>Save
>>988422
>Record your progress in the dream journal (save game?)
>>988445
>Record your progress. If it's free, it's free.
>>988220
>Save

August makes his way to the nightstand and writes in the dream journal
Writing progress...
Progress recorded!


May equips herself with the lamp from the other nightstand and the two head back to the hallway.

>>988073
>Probably check what exactly is going on downstairs before you exit by the window
>>988220
>peek to see if the intruders are just as dangerous as demons
>>988445
>Information is power. If people were after you - one additional peek would not make a difference.
>>988256
>If you truly fear that somebody has entered your house and that your lives are in danger, simply start the fire with the fire seed and give the cold seed to your sister to quickly put it out. If the pople who are still inside don't leave when they notice the fire then you know that they are here specifically for you or your sister

As both May and August makes their way to his room in the hall, August stops over by the door leading to the stairway and starts to debate which is the more safer option. Would it be better to go out the window with the possibility they may face a sleep paralysis demon even if the chance might be low, or would it be safer to confront the mysterious intruders despite not knowing what they might be capable of. For now, August decides the best thing to do would be to take a quick peek out the door and down the stairs to see what they might be up against.

After telling May to step back, He quietly and slowly opens the door, just slightly enough to let his eye peek through, and he initially sees absolutely nothing. Nothing but pitch darkness. Normally when the room is dark, he can make out some furniture in the room as his eyes adjust, but this darkness is unnaturally dark. Dark to the point where he cannot see a thing. The only source of light is coming from the hall behind him, though it doesn't seem to travel far enough to light most of the room. In fact, he thinks the light that spilled out of the hallway might be fading ever so slightly.

He also notices that he feels a little bit weird just being near this darkness, like something inside of him is being obstructed or maybe lost. He cannot figure out what this weird feeling of emptiness is, but He doesn't feel sick or anything that would make him function badly either. He just has the feeling that something inside him is missing, or blocked off.

Before he can figure these feelings out, a figure catches his eye at the bottom of the stairs. they don't seem to be silhouetted by the darkness around them and he can make the figure out perfectly. They seem to be wearing a large brown hooded robe with their sleeves covering their hands completely. They are wearing what looks to be a cape with an odd symbol on it, except the cape they are wearing seems to be worn like a flag instead of being draped along the back of the figure. their faces looks weird with what looks to be giant stitches horizontally across the face of the figure along with two mandible-like horns shaped like hooks on the top and bottom of the face. August wonders if this is their face, or just a mask. But whatever the case, it creeps him out a little.

The figure seems to be standing in front of a machine with what looks to be a brass horn on top of it. It seems to be sucking up some kind of light particles around it while making a whirring sound.

Soon, another figure approaches the hooded person by the machine. They are wearing the same clothing except their stitches seem to be vertical, and the mandibles is pointed forwards instead of looking like two hooks. The first figure immediately speaks as soon as the second stops in front of the machine.

:ec_game4: :"Progress report..."

:ec_game5: : "Light in this floor of this residence is almost completely devoured. However, the Dynamo of Radiance has not been detected yet."

:ec_game4: :"Understood. It'll be a matter of time until this floor is completely covered in darkness and the Radiance Dynamo will be drawn out by the lack of light."

:ec_game5: :"To think it would be today of all days that the Dynamo was detected here..."

:ec_game4: :"Indeed. The caretakers hid them well, but it was inevitable for them to slip up..."

:ec_game5: :"At the last minute no less. Shame a lot of attention was drawn to that power for others in publice to witness."

:ec_game4: :"Right, but at least the other members managed to keep the incident under wraps. Be advised at this point further, anybody associated with the Dynamo needs to be either captured and possibly brainwashed, or terminated depending on how well they know of them."

:ec_game5: :"Speaking of which, I did find this in one of the rooms."

The figure hands the other what looks to be a smooth piece of paper.

:ec_game4: :"Hmm... looks to have been written recently. We'll have to investigate into whoever this is written later... good work."

The hooded person takes a picture of it before placing it in their pocket.

:ec_game4: :"That covers this floor then. It won't be long until this machine is done clearing the light off this area. It should give us time to send a report to what was discovered, and then we'll search upstairs."

:ec_game5: :"And what if the Dynamo isn't here and somehow escaped under our noses?"

:ec_game4: :"We have many of the other members combing the halls of the tower for them. There is no escape. That said, be sure your elemental seed on hand to protect yourself with in case they have seeds as well. This darkness only prevents light power from attacking us, but anything else cannot."
>>
No. 988724 ID: e51896
File 161394397912.gif - (49.84KB , 1280x720 , EC00115.gif )
988724

August shuts the door trying to process what is going on. As he steps away from the door, he notices some of the area around it is veiled by a pitch black darkness, much like what he saw outside the door. Standing near it makes him feel that same feeling of obstruction within him, but backing off seems to make him feel like his normal self.

:ec_game1: : "Hey May, do you feel anything weird when standing near this darkness?

:ec_game3: :"Well, besides it looking weird, no, I don't feel anything... So what will we be doing, August?"

August now has to decide what would be the best option, to escape out the window and hide out in another person's place, or confront those creepy hooded people. It is concerning that he may have to face a whole group of them probably looking to capture him and his sister, though coming across a demon out the window also seems pretty scary as well.
>>
No. 988733 ID: d63ea8

Those people downstairs are probably very skilled and well connected, so it would be best to avoid them at all costs.

Do you know anything about this 'Dynamo' their talking about, and have your parents ever mentioned it?

Either way that darkness is bad news, and if it is spreading through the house then hiding isn't an option anymore.

Go for the window and try to get outside.
Though you might want to keep an eye out for more of these weirdos.
>>
No. 988738 ID: b1b4f3

>>988724
>something is cut off
>dynamo of radiance
>sister doesn't feel weird
You're the dynamo. How about that!

It sounds like you can't escape since these light-eaters are roaming the hallways, unless somehow going down the outside of the tower is an option... What about a fire escape?
How about a different strategy? You call for help via the internet, and fortify a position so you can fight them off until help arrives? If you go out and around to another person's room you'll have more time to fortify.
>>
No. 988747 ID: bcb0c0

Oh, the whole misunderstanding has been cleared up, these people aren't burglars or crazy psychopaths. They are simply government officials, trained professionals for this kind of scenario. Simply go and talk with them and all of this will be sorted out in no time and who knows maybe this whole incident will help you become more popular with your friends.
>>
No. 988755 ID: ce39da

Wait, are these guys trying to stop the Light Festival? Not cool. Still, it seems like fighting these guys is a temporary solution at best; with good tactics, we might beat them, but not before they relay critical info.

Our goal is to escape. You know of the oceans of dream-flowers outside, correct? If there's even a chance of you having the dynamo on you, you might have to consider even fleeing the tower altogether in favor of that ocean. (I'm not saying you should jump or anything, but you should consider finding a ship as a more mid-term priority.)
>>
No. 988869 ID: 805db9

Head to the window and escape! You don’t wanna get brainwashed.
>>
No. 988884 ID: de0582

Yeah lets go window. Close the curtains on the way out.
>>
No. 989495 ID: e51896
File 161455509689.png - (29.49KB , 1280x720 , EC00116.png )
989495

>>988733
>Do you know anything about this 'Dynamo' their talking about, and have your parents ever mentioned it?

>>988738
>You're the dynamo. How about that!

This is the first time August heard about this "dynamo". He isn't sure if it is something they own, or if he himself is the dynamo, but whatever it is, he isn't staying to find out.

>>988755
>Wait, are these guys trying to stop the Light Festival? Not cool. Still, it seems like fighting these guys is a temporary solution at best; with good tactics, we might beat them, but not before they relay critical info.

August has never heard of anything called the "Light Festival" or "Rekindling Day". In fact, he cannot think of any important holidays that are coming in the next few months. The only upcoming event he is aware of is Flirt@tious_Collider494's birthday, though she lives so far away hundreds of floors above, too far away from him to visit.

>>988755
>Our goal is to escape. You know of the oceans of dream-flowers outside, correct? If there's even a chance of you having the dynamo on you, you might have to consider even fleeing the tower altogether in favor of that ocean. (I'm not saying you should jump or anything, but you should consider finding a ship as a more mid-term priority.)

The tower he lives in is so tall, it is big enough to fit an entire country in, with it being about as wide as a state as well.
He lives above the clouds, thousands of feet from the ground floor. He isn't too sure what is even out there. there could be an ocean, or there could be nothing but land. One thing for sure is that he has been told all his life that there are sleep paralysis demons out there, though he has never seen any out the window all his life. It is a common belief that nobody but spirits are allowed outside the tower, and it is tradition that whenever somebody passes away that they drop the body off the tower so that their spirits can be released outside the tower into the promised lands of paradise.

>>988738
>It sounds like you can't escape since these light-eaters are roaming the hallways, unless somehow going down the outside of the tower is an option...

Reaching the first floor of the tower is difficult because there are monsters living in the lower floors, and as one goes further down the tower, the more powerful the monsters are. Not many people who travel through the lower floors come back. Thankfully, the entire population who lives in the tower has managed to keep those monsters contained down in the lower floors eons ago. If he wants to leave through the first floor though, he has to make sure he is strong enough.

August does have a friend online, Gr33n_lazereyed, who claims to live in those lower floors, and he stated that he can see an ocean when he was lucky enough to look out the window once, though he tends to lie to get attention. August thinks it is far-fetched for anybody to live where monsters reside.

>>988733
>Go for the window and try to get outside.
Though you might want to keep an eye out for more of these weirdos.
>>988869
>Head to the window and escape! You don’t wanna get brainwashed.
>>988884
>Yeah lets go window. Close the curtains on the way out.

It was finally decided to exit out the window. The intruders are bad news, and they did not want to deal with them if there are more of them wandering about. He and his sister enters his room and quickly makes their way towards the window, moving the bed and table out of the way. The window itself is so huge, that it was really heavy to even open, but with May's help, they managed to get it open.

As they get it open, they can hear footsteps climbing the stairs outside. They both take it as their cue to close the curtains, and jump out the window out onto the ledge into forbidden territory, and shut the window.
>>
No. 989496 ID: e51896
File 161455511167.png - (22.82KB , 1280x720 , EC00117.png )
989496

The cool wind brushing against August, the sounds of the air blowing in his ears, his eyes adjusting to the night sky around him. These are feelings that are all foreign to him as soon as he stepped out the window. It takes him a moment to take it all in, and another moment to consider that they are really out here, outside the tower, where not many people have ventured out to.

>>988738
>How about a different strategy? You call for help via the internet, and fortify a position so you can fight them off until help arrives? If you go out and around to another person's room you'll have more time to fortify.

All of his friends online all live too far away to come over. Calling for help online is difficult. However, May already has her phone out and is calling somebody. Looks like she's got it covered.

:ec_game3: : Melissa? Sup! Listen, did you already leave? We're in trouble... you're with your parents now? darn... well, you won't believe this, but we have intruders in our home right now! Yeah, I know... August and I had to escape out the window and... yes, you heard me, the window... I know, I know, but there was no other escape... Yes, I was hoping we could head over to your place through your window and hide out there until this blows over... window is unlocked?

May breaths a sigh of relief

:ec_game3: :Thank goodness... what? Yeah, we won't look in there, don't worry... Of course I won't break anything, heh heh... Alright, thanks so much for the help, I'll pay you back one day... Yes, I'll be careful. I hope things are going well for you and your parents, can't wait to hear about what happened... Bye!

May hangs up the phone and turns over to August


:ec_game3: :Melissa gave us her permission to hide out at her place, just as long as we don't look into her basement or break anything. Her window should be unlocked.
:ec_game1: : That is good to hear. It's lucky she has a window on this floor too. Melissa lives quite a bit away though, so we have some distance to travel... You're alright with running there to get some distance away from those weirdos?
:ec_game3: : Of course! That should not have even been a question to ask!

As they head off, August takes one last look towards his window. He notices the light fading away from the curtains to pitch blackness. It is time to move forward.
>>
No. 989497 ID: e51896
File 161455514717.gif - (5.56MB , 1280x720 , EC00118.gif )
989497

The two sprint towards Melissa's place. August still can't get used to the feelings of being outdoors, but at the same time, he also feels a sense of freedom. He briefly wonders if May feels the same way, but quickly brushes that thought aside as he puts his focus back into checking which window belongs to Melissa. If he remembers, Melissa lives about 53 doors away from where they live, so maybe it stands to reason that she is 53 windows away from his place as well. That should put enough distance away from the invaders, though the distance to make it to Melissa is still going to be somewhat far.
>>
No. 989498 ID: e51896
File 161455520002.gif - (5.07MB , 1280x720 , EC00119.gif )
989498

After about 49 windows, they come to a stop upon hearing something that sounds like something flapping. It isn't too long after that something catches their eye above them. a creature flying down from above them. It is an orb-like looking creature with many unnatural colored pink eyes, wings on its sides, silver looking fangs or horn-ike spikes on the bottom, and what looks to be antennae above its head, or perhaps it is stalk-eyed. both of its antennae seems to be connected to each other. Could this be a sleep paralysis demon?

:ec_game6: :SKREEAAH!

Before August and May could take in what they are witnessing, the creature lets out a screech, and flies towards August

Many Eyed Sleep Paralysis Demon with Wings, and Fangs attacks!
>>
No. 989499 ID: e51896
File 161455525827.png - (30.67KB , 1280x720 , EC00120.png )
989499

August and May are now in a battle against the Many Eyed Sleep Paralysis Demon with Wings, and Fangs.

They can either attack with the weapons they brought with them (the lamps), use their elemental illusionary seeds to unleash an elemental attack (though it will cost Seed Points (SP). SP will be regain 5 points after every turn a SP move isn't used, though if it reaches zero, the seed will break), use an item to regain HP SP or attack the enemy in some way, or Run away (Can't run from boss fights though)

August
35/35 HP
30/30 SP

Seed powers
Icicle Arrow (attacks with a icicle projectile) 5 SP
Snow Wind (chills the enemy with a snowy wind to slow it down and lower accuracy by 20%. does not hurt enemy)5 SP
Glacier fort (Forms an ice wall between either you or your party members against the enemy, blocking attacks for one turn. Does not hurt enemy) 3 SP
Recharge (use your blood to recharge your SP faster, trade any amount of HP you want for an equal amount of SP)

May
30/30 HP
35/35 SP


Seed powers
Fire Ball (attacks enemy with a fire ball) 5 SP
Heat Wave (attacks multiple enemies with a wave of heat) 8 SP
Flame Beam (attacks with a strong fiery beam from your hands) 10 SP
Recharge (use your blood to recharge your SP faster, trade any amount of HP you want for an equal amount of SP)


Battle Items
Chips x1 (heals 20 hp)
Small Blood Packet x1 (refill 25 SP, or create dream objects with an illusionary seed when not in battle)
Alarm Clock x1 (wakes a person from KO)

(I'll use a dice roll to determine which person the enemy attacks.)
(All attacks between the enemy and party members will have a 100% hit rate unless accuracy percentage is lowered, in which case, I will use a dice roll to determine if an attack hits or not.)
(Crits at 10% chance, doubles the attack)
>>
No. 989502 ID: b1b4f3

Wait, if you can't leave the tower, how did you get to a highway or a street? Is the tower incredibly wide and has streets and highways on the inside?!

>>989499
Icicle, flame beam.
>>
No. 989509 ID: e51896

>>989502
>Wait, if you can't leave the tower, how did you get to a highway or a street? Is the tower incredibly wide and has streets and highways on the inside?!

From the author: Yes!
>>
No. 989510 ID: 8483cf

Hold nothing back! Use our strongest attacks and finish it ASAP. We're on the clock, run fast!
>>
No. 989511 ID: afe7de

Icicle arrow and flame beam! Let’s light this thing up, we’re only a few rooms from safety, want to end this quick before more of these baddies come.
>>
No. 989557 ID: 8028d3

always start with debuffs: Snow-Wind followed by flame beam!
>>
No. 989628 ID: d63ea8

>>989511
Seconded, we better try to down it before it tries to debuff (or even paralyze) us.
>>
No. 989635 ID: bcb0c0

Fuck I was always bad at these battles, can we just run away from the combat?
>>
No. 989661 ID: ce39da

Snow Wind, Flame Beam.

Question; does Snow Wind stack? Also, what is its duration?
>>
No. 989908 ID: e51896
File 161488020321.gif - (597.30KB , 1280x720 , EC00121.gif )
989908

>>989502
>Wait, if you can't leave the tower, how did you get to a highway or a street? Is the tower incredibly wide and has streets and highways on the inside?!

The tower is as wide as an entire state, and so tall, it can fit an entire country. It can fit highways, towns, and in some massive floors, even skyscrapers... (or is it called ceilingscrapers)?

>>989661
>Does Snow Wind stack? Also, what is its duration

Snow wind, and other stat effecting moves stack, and lasts the entire battle, or until the target effected by it manages to raise their stats back up with an item or move.

>>989502
>Icicle, flame beam.

>>989510
>Hold nothing back! Use our strongest attacks and finish it ASAP. We're on the clock, run fast!

>>989511
>Icicle arrow and flame beam! Let’s light this thing up, we’re only a few rooms from safety, want to end this quick before more of these baddies come.

>>989628
>Seconded, we better try to down it before it tries to debuff (or even paralyze) us.

It was decided that the main strategy would be to hit the Many Eyed Sleep Paralysis Demon with Wings, and Fangs with the strongest attacks available to get rid of it quickly, for there could be more demons lurking about, and to help get to Melissa's home quicker away from those invaders.

August starts out the attack with ICICLE ARROW, spending 5 SP. A giant Icicle forms above August's head, and shoots at the demon like an arrow, shattering upon impact. The Demon loses 10HP.
>>
No. 989909 ID: e51896
File 161488023361.gif - (210.06KB , 1280x720 , EC00122.gif )
989909

The Many Eyed Sleep Paralysis Demon with Wings, and Fangs responds to the attack with a WING SLAP across August's face. August loses 8HP!.
>>
No. 989910 ID: e51896
File 161488026216.gif - (548.81KB , 1280x720 , EC00123.gif )
989910

Finally, its May's turn. May spends 10SP shooting a FLAME BEAM out of her hands, dealing 20HP against the Many Eyed Sleep Paralysis Demon with Wings, and Fangs .
>>
No. 989911 ID: e51896
File 161488028756.png - (30.74KB , 1280x720 , EC00124.png )
989911

August now has 27/35 HP and 25/30 SP
May now has 30/30 HP and 25/35 HP

What will be the next course of action?
>>
No. 989916 ID: d0ac2f

Can these things feel fear? Hopefully it knows we mean business.

I actually say we run for it, simply to get to our destination faster, and now that it knows we're not harmless.
>>
No. 989919 ID: 19da02

It attacks multiple times and has no miss chance without help, so August should use Snow Wind and May should attack with the lamp and regain SP.
>>
No. 989926 ID: 894419

>>989919
Aye, this seems like a good move.
>>
No. 989952 ID: d63ea8

>>989919
I agree with this. Let's put that lamp to use!
>>
No. 989970 ID: afe7de

I'm more of a fan of Icicle Arrowing and Flame beaming again, just use up as much of your SP as possible and hope you can end the fight quickly, I mean it's not like there's a fight waiting for you in your friends room or anything, Plus it's the first encounter, first encounters are supposed to be tutorial level easy right?
>>
No. 990180 ID: e51896
File 161514683039.gif - (962.90KB , 1280x720 , EC00125.gif )
990180

>>989919
>>989926
>>989952

>August should use Snow Wind and May should attack with the lamp and regain SP.

August starts the next round off with a SNOW WIND. A cold windy snow surrounds the demon causes it to not see well past it lowering its ACCURACY by 25%, and the cold causes it to lower its SPEED.
>>
No. 990181 ID: e51896
File 161514687142.gif - (339.67KB , 1280x720 , EC00126.gif )
990181

May follows up with a standard attack with the lamp she picked up in their parent's room. She manages to hit the demon hard enough for it to be a CRITICAL HIT, doubling her attack. The demon loses 10HP.
>>
No. 990182 ID: e51896
File 161514690920.gif - (230.01KB , 1280x720 , EC00127.gif )
990182

The Many Eyed Sleep Paralysis Demon with Wings, and Fangs finishes the round off with a loud SCREECH, loud enough to damage multiple opponents. However, due to the snow wind, it misses August (somehow) but still manages to hit May.

May loses 5HP

Because the round ended with May not using a single seed move, she regains 5SP
>>
No. 990183 ID: e51896
File 161514694703.png - (31.35KB , 1280x720 , EC00128.png )
990183

August now has 27/35 HP and 20/30 SP
May now has 25/30 HP and 30/35 HP

The Many Eyed Sleep Paralysis Demon with Wings, and Fangs now has noticeable BATTLE DAMAGE on its entire body. It should mean it is close to being defeated with having a little less than half amount of HP left.

What will be the next course of action?
>>
No. 990184 ID: bcb0c0

use the attack that does the most damage
>>
No. 990188 ID: 12b116

Icicle Arrow
Flame Beam
>>
No. 990195 ID: afe7de

Icicle arrow and Flame beam!!! You got this!!!
>>
No. 990216 ID: b1b4f3

>>990183
Snow Wind, Flame Beam.
>>
No. 991137 ID: e51896
File 161569418204.gif - (308.00KB , 1280x720 , EC00129.gif )
991137

>>990184
>>990195
>>990188

>use the attack that does the most damage
>Icicle Arrow Flame Beam
>Icicle arrow and Flame beam!!! You got this!!!

With the demon in noticeably bad condition, it is time to try to finish it off with their strongest attacks. August spend 5SP to attack with another Ice Arrow, dealing 10HP against the demon.
>>
No. 991138 ID: e51896
File 161569421871.gif - (795.75KB , 1280x720 , EC00130.gif )
991138

May follows up with another Flame beam costing her 10SP.

The Many Eyed Sleep Paralysis Demon with Wings, and Fangs loses 20HP. The attack dealt just enough damage to finish off the demon.

WELL DONE!

August and May both gain 50 EXP, raising August's level to 4. The capacity of HP and SP has rose to 40HP and 35 SP.
>>
No. 991139 ID: e51896
File 161569427759.png - (20.98KB , 1280x720 , EC00131.png )
991139

The demon lays slain on the cold brick floor, first trying to get itself up flapping it's wings aggressively, then twitching, until it finally slows down to a stop.

As of tradition with all dead beings, August drops the Many Eyed Sleep Paralysis Demon with Wings, and Fangs off the ledge, letting its spirit free into the promised land... (though that isn't to say the demon was already living in the promised lands when it was alive in the first place...)

August looks behind himself nervously towards where they were running from. It doesn't look like the invaders had followed them outside during the battle. With a sigh of relief, they continue onward to Melissa's window. It should be about a few windows down the way.
>>
No. 991140 ID: e51896
File 161569429088.png - (22.00KB , 1280x720 , EC00132.png )
991140

As they reach the 53rd window, May stops August upon seeing the familiar magenta wall inside one of the windows.

:ec_game3: :"Whoa there, I found it! This has to be Melissa's place!"
:ec_game1: :"Are you positive? What if we break into the wrong home?"
:ec_game3: :"I'm positive that I'm positive! Quit being negative! Gimme a moment to call Melissa."

May picks up her cell phone and gives Melissa another call

:ec_game3: :"Hello Melissa! We are safe at your place... Yeah, just a small issue during the trek here... Oh, your busy? I'll make it quick. We came across an ugly flying demon... Don't worry, we hunted it down because we are awesome! Anyway, we're probably going to spend the night at your place, though we are not sure when we will go back home. Those invaders could come back. When will you return? A week? Wow! Okay, I'll make sure we'll lock the door whenever we get the chance to leave... Yeah, looks like my brother and I are partying at your place after all, ahahaha! okay, bye."

She hangs up the phone.

:ec_game3: : "Lets get this window open already!"
>>
No. 991141 ID: e51896
File 161569430665.png - (21.18KB , 1280x720 , EC00133.png )
991141

May and August opens the window, and climbs into Melissa's home. They look out the window as they catch their breath. After a moment of silence, May speaks up, catching August's attention.

:ec_game3: :"So how long are we planning on hiding out over here anyway?"

August contemplates as he turns back over to the window, trying to come to grips of what they just went through as he tries to come up with an answer.

:ec_game3: :"...Well?"
:ec_game1: :"I'm not too sure... If I have to be honest with you, this day has been pretty strange and scary for me that I kind of don't want to leave here for quite a while..."
:ec_game3: :"Ehhhh? what happened?"

August goes on to explain what he told Indolent_G3ar_57 online, about the ball of light on the highway, the power going crazy in the halls on his way towards the trolley, and ever since witnessing those moments, having the feeling he was being followed.

:ec_game3: :"And you didn't tell me this earlier...why?"

August sighs, letting go of some of his nerves before he speaks again.

:ec_game1: :"I didn't want to worry you, especially after the party you were looking forward to got cancelled. I just wanted to spend time with you without a care to help cheer you up. Telling you what I went through would probably bring the mood down even lower if you worried about me... I wanted you to believe that I had things under control because I have to be the awesome protective older brother who can handle things on his own..."
:ec_game3: :"Dude, that's stupid. You gotta tell me these things, alright? I want to work together with you to support you through any trouble you might have just like you've done for me! You got to swallow your pride sometimes and stop thinking you have issues under control on your own. I am your sister after all, we gotta protect each other, you idiot!
:ec_game1: :Sorry... you're right, you make some good points.
:ec_game3: :Of course I do! Stop being so prideful and pretending everything is alright when they clearly not! Know your limits!

August faces his sister again.

:ec_game1: :Yeah... alright...

August looks into his inventory at the gift he wrapped up for Flirt@tious_Collider494

:ec_game1: :"You know what? Maybe I can hold off on sending the gift to my friend for awhile, at least until it is safer out. She'll understand if it is late."
:ec_game3: :"Probably for the best... anyway, lets watch some more movies. Maybe we can find something we don't own back at home."
:ec_game1: :"Sounds like a plan."
>>
No. 991142 ID: e51896
File 161569435257.png - (26.38KB , 1280x720 , EC00134.png )
991142

With that heart to heart discussion out of the way, August and May closes the curtains.

Tower Boundries - Chapter 1: The Light Show - END
>>
No. 991151 ID: e51896
File 161569733571.png - (807.35KB , 1280x720 , EC00135.png )
991151

It was fun... I guess. But I wouldn't say it is as great as Arthurius was making it out to be so far...
>>
No. 991152 ID: e51896
File 161569735456.png - (871.29KB , 1280x720 , EC00136.png )
991152

For a first chapter, Tower Boundaries didn't really draw me in all that much... not really a good sign for any RPG game. Sure there were some suspenseful moments, but the stakes didn't seem all that high, and the characters were kind of bland... And things just seemed to wrap up in this chapter a bit too easily and quickly. I don't know, it just felt like a typical early RPG adventure. I do like May as a character I guess though, so that's a positive.

Who knows, maybe the hype Authurius was giving this game will come in the later chapters... though he did seem disappointed that I didn't react all that much to some of the earlier twists in the game, so maybe I should lower my expectations so that when something slightly interesting happens, I'll be a bit more surprised for his sake.
>>
No. 991156 ID: e51896
File 161569765378.png - (912.11KB , 1280x720 , EC00137.png )
991156

:ec_arthurius: :"Excuse me, but WHAT JUST HAPPENED THERE?!? HOW DID YOU DO THAT?!
:ec_lilly_ch1: :?
>>
No. 991157 ID: 8483cf

"Oh, you mean this?"

>Save over File 1
>>
No. 991159 ID: d63ea8

>>991156
"Did you mean with the lamp or with the secret ending?"

>>991157
(Also evil, but yes.)
>>
No. 991161 ID: b1b4f3

>>991156
Do what?
>>
No. 991162 ID: b1b4f3

>>991157
Good lord never overwrite someone's save file!
>>
No. 991181 ID: afe7de

Do what? Go out on the balcony? Or actually beat the dream demon?
>>
No. 991200 ID: bcb0c0

I wonder was this game inspired by real life even? Or based on a true story?
>>
No. 991206 ID: 12ecef

>>991156
Is it not supposed to end this way?
>>
No. 991283 ID: ce39da

"Was that not supposed to happen? ... I mean, I just kinda expected 'escape out the window' to be an option."

...

"But man, I never really thought about lucid dreaming like that; here, I thought it always involved breaking the established rules and rewriting the whole thing from the ground up. It never occurred to me that I can lucid-dream without contradicting what I've seen already by just... having really, really strong expectations about what's going to happen next."

...

"Er, sorry for lucid dreaming all over your game, by the way. At least I didn't overwrite the existing choice-paths or anything, so it's not like the copy is ruined... But still, you probably shouldn't show me any other media, at least until I learn how to keep this under control."
>>
No. 992368 ID: e51896
File 161630767676.gif - (547.83KB , 1280x720 , EC00138.gif )
992368

>>991157
>Do what?
>>991161
>"Oh, you mean this?" (Save over File 1)
>>>991159
>(Also evil, but yes.)

On the screen, the game is prompting me to save my file for completing a chapter. It is that moment I get a naughty idea...

:ec_lilly_ch1: :"Do what? Oh, you mean... this?"
:ec_arthurius: :"ACK! I know what you're thinking! And If I'm thinking what I think you're thinking, I think you should think about not thinking about doing this and stop!!!"

That's a weird way of him phrasing that, but whatever. I select Arthurius' 100% save file as he begs me to stop.

the overwrite option is given.

:ec_arthurius: :"I know there's one reasonable part of you that is telling you to stop... please listen to..."

SAVE COMPLETED!

Arthurius just stares silently at the screen with a blank expression on his face with his mouth agape. I think I broke him.
I look over at Magnolia sitting next to me, and I think her mouth twitched upwards almost like she is going to smile, at least I think she is amused by it. I'm not sure.

I can't help it, Arthurius is just too easy to bully for some reason. It's just so tempting to tease him.
>>
No. 992369 ID: e51896
File 161630772181.png - (1.03MB , 1280x720 , EC00139.png )
992369

His reaction doesn't last long though. He snaps out of it as he shakes his head rapidly.

:ec_arthurius: :"Eh, whatever. This is my favorite game of all time. I make it a tradition to play through it to completion once a year, so it's no big deal... Besides, this is an outcome that I've never seen before in all my years of playing Tower Boundaries. Not even the websites listed this happening. I'm very intrigued to see where this path would leave."

he tears his eyes off the screen and stares directly at me now.

:ec_arthurius: :"But seriously, how in Morpheus' name did you do that?"

>>991181
>Do what? Go out on the balcony? Or actually beat the dream demon?

>>991159
>"Did you mean with the lamp or with the secret ending?"

>>991206
>Is it not supposed to end this way?


:ec_lilly_ch1: :"Hey, be more specific, dude. What are you talking about? Going on the balcony? Taking the lamp? Actually beating the sleep paralysis demon? Or was it the secret ending? Was it not supposed to end like that?"
:ec_arthurius: :"There was a prompt where you had to decide between three options, either fighting those intruders with or without the main character of chapter one's sister, or hiding with her. and suddenly, you did some kind of button combination to unlock that secret option of escaping to the balcony. How did you do that???"

>>991283

:ec_lilly_ch1: :"Was that not supposed to happen? ... I mean, I just kinda expected 'escape out the window' to be an option. I mean, it is so stupid to just stay and fight, or hide when the characters could just escape, so I just kept trying to scroll down the options expecting that option to show up. I just figured it just loaded up in time..."
:ec_arthurius: :"No, it was just those three choices. Each option would have played out differently with how you were going to fight those 'government Figu-'"
:ec_magnolia: :"Spoilers..."
:ec_arthurius: :DANG IT! I meant those 'hooded figures'. Choosing to hide would have given you a chance to listen to their conversation learning plot details early at the cost of you not having the seed to protect yourself, while simply fighting them with or without the sister which would determine how much EXP you would gain early on. Whatever the outcome, The character's sister was supposed to be kidnapped regardless of the choice you make, and the chapter would consist of the protagonist trying to find her."
:ec_lilly_ch1: :[color=#908f13]"So May is the dynamo then? weird, I thought it would be August"

:ec_arthurius: :"Yes, she was th....
:ec_magnolia: :"Spoilers..."
:ec_arthurius: :DAMN IT!
:ec_lilly_ch1: :"Hey, whats the big idea? I mean, it isn't like I'm going to be able to play this game again the next time I dream, so spoilers wouldn't really matter to me, would it?."
:ec_arthurius: :"...Good point, but that's not my main concern. I really need to know how you unlocked that option.

I'm not to sure what Arthurius is talking about, but Magnolia had been mumbling something quietly throughout our conversation, and I think I heard "lucid dream" barely escape from her mouth.

Wait, was THAT lucid dreaming? I did not realize...

:ec_lilly_ch1: :"Maybe... I lucid that option into existence?

Arthurius takes a moment to mull that statement over as he glues his eyes back on the screen. Afterwards, he turns his eyes over back at me.

:ec_arthurius: :"I... suppose that makes the most sense. Darn, and I thought we discovered a brand new code hidden in the game undiscovered for years. The internet would have lost their mind!"

Wait, he sounded disappointed? I thought he would be more impressed that I managed to lucid dream. I assume he really wanted that choice I willed into existence to be an actual thing that was programmed in the game, and not something a dreamer thought up happening. Can't be too sure. I try to bring the topic of lucidity back on the table.

:ec_lilly_ch1: :"But man, I never really thought about lucid dreaming like that; here, I thought it always involved breaking the established rules and rewriting the whole thing from the ground up. It never occurred to me that I can lucid-dream without contradicting what I've seen already by just... having really, really strong expectations about what's going to happen next."
:ec_arthurius: :"That sounds like a logical theory, though I couldn't tell you, I'm not too sure how dreamers get in a state of lucidity since it tends to rarely happen. It is a strange phenomenon that's eluded our species for years. Some dreamers figure it out how to use it, some do it by accident, some even become lucid, and forget all about it when they awaken.,"
:ec_lilly_ch1: :"Er, sorry for lucid dreaming all over your game, by the way. At least I didn't overwrite the existing choice-paths or anything, just added a new one, so it's not like the copy is ruined... But still, you probably shouldn't show me any other media, at least until I learn how to keep this under control."
:ec_arthurius: :"Probably for the best... just be careful in the mission we're going into today if you attempt to lucid dream, intentionally or not. Kevin is pretty ornery and wouldn't like it if you broke something.
But I will say, I am interested in seeing where this game's plot will go now, the sister getting kidnap is a very huge plot-point in the entire game. With her not being captured, I'm highly curious as to where the story will go from here, even if this part was never programmed by the programmers."

:ec_magnolia: :"Spoilers..."
:ec_arthurius: :"OKAY MAGS, NOW YOU'RE JUST TEASING ME!"
:ec_magnolia: :"Mmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmm..."
>>
No. 992370 ID: e51896
File 161630783042.png - (856.69KB , 1280x720 , EC00140.png )
992370

>>991200

:ec_lilly_ch1: :"I wonder, was this game inspired by real life events? Or based on a true story?"
:ec_arthurius: :hmm, well, the tower the main characters live in doesn't exist, though there are some pretty big towers in some of our dream worlds... lets see, what else... elemental illusionary seeds are a thing, they function differently from regular illusionary seeds in that they give dreamciers elemental magic instead of summoning dream creations from our minds and blood... Also, the sleep pa-

*RIIIIIING*
Suddenly, I am startled by a loud ringing sound echoing through the ship we are in. I'm about to ask if we crash into something when Arthurius picks up what looks to be a cell phone.

:ec_arthurius: :Oh shoot. I think that might be Kevin following up on my request to check up what statues were destroyed yesterday. I Gotta take this call back in the bridge".
:ec_magnolia: :"Ummm... Yooooooooooooou mean the pilot's room?"
:ec_arthurius: :*sighs* "Mags, just get thing ready for our departure outside the ship upstairs, looking at the time, we should be very close to our destination.

Magnolia just nods.

:ec_arthurius: :"As for you Lilly... hmmm, well, what do you want to do? do you want to listen to more details on the mission with me? or do you want to help Magnolia get prepared upstairs and wait until I give you both more details later?"

It is almost time for the mission. Before it starts, do I want to Help Magnolia prepare outside and hang out with her? I could maybe ask her some questions about the game I wasn't able to ask before the phone call interrupted Arthurius and maybe ask questions about herself.

or should I follow Arthurius in the pilot's room and listen to the phonecall with him and maybe help come up with a plan with the information he is about to receive?
>>
No. 992372 ID: afe7de

Hang out with magnolia and ask her about any dates she might or might not have gone on with a teddy bear recently.
>>
No. 992375 ID: 8483cf

Yes, hang out with Mags. We've talked with Arthurius (and bullied him enough) for now.

What's she been up to lately?
>>
No. 992406 ID: f626ab

I find it extremely suspicious that you simply found an impossible option in the game itself. Either the game glitched out and the code did something it shouldn't have or you made the game do something that wasn't supposed to happen in the first place. I would like to test this, flip a coin and let it fall on the ground to see if it will lend on its side. The last thing to mention, call Arthurius a huge nerd and tell Magnolia that you don't plan on living in this world and when you leave you will forget about this place so she might as well tell you all about the game in the first place. Who knows the story of the game might even be relevant to your current predicament.
>>
No. 994401 ID: e51896
File 161735460335.png - (1.26MB , 1280x720 , EC00141.png )
994401

>>992372
>>992375
>Hang out with magnolia.
>Yes, hang out with Mags. We've talked with Arthurius (and bullied him enough) for now.

I don't think I want to talk to our client Kyle again after how he treated us, so I'll let Arthurius deal with him for now. Besides, I think I've teased him enough for now... though that doesn't mean I'm done with him yet, (hee hee hee hee)!

Plus I haven't talked much to Magnolia yet, I think I'll hang out with her and strengthen our friendship a bit.


Arthurius stands up from the couch and I follow suit. Magnolia however is still sitting and is petting Sniffles on her lap.

:ec_lilly_ch1: :You go on ahead, Arth. I'm going to chill with Mags for awhile.

Arthurius nods

:ec_arthurius: :I shouldn't take long.

Arthurius then throws a pair of keys towards Magnolia, and she tries to catch it, but she misses and it hits her in the face without flinching while Sniffles grabs it with its trunk. Sniffles gives Arthurius a look while Magnolia... did not seem to change facial expressions. Arthurius puts his hands to his head.

:ec_arthurius: :ACK!, shoot! sorry, sorry, sorry! I thought you'd catch that, Mags.

Magnolia just shrugs

:ec_magnolia: :"I'll just start the umm... vehiiiiiiiicle.

:ec_arthurius: :Thank, I'll bring you a soda when I'm done, Mags.


:ec_lilly_ch1: :OH! Can you get me something to record audio with? We forgot to grab one before we started playing games, you huge nerd!

:ec_arthurius: :Right right! Thanks for the reminder, I have to take this call now, have fun you two!"

Arthurius enters the Pilot's room and Magnolia then stands up from the couch.

:ec_magnolia: :"uhhhh, here. Yoooooour turn to carry this.

she picks up the backpack with our items and hands it over to me. I put it on my back, and it is... freakin' heavy! I wonder how they even fit all those big items they showed me into this bag too... but I think I'll just attribute it to dream magic and not think too much about it.

I'm left wondering why I have to carry the heavy load until Magnolia picks up sniffles and put the Tapir on her head. I'm impressed, I've had trouble trying to move the lug off my clothes earlier, and she's able to lift the animal, and balance it over her head no problem.

:ec_magnolia: :"Well... Let's goooooooo...

...

The walk upstairs to the deck of the ship was uneventful. I couldn't get much out of Magnolia when I tried to make small talk. Asking her how long she worked with the Midnight Captors just got the answer "a year since Arthurius graduated" without more details. Asking how long she has been making dreams just got a shrug. She is a very vague person keeping conversations very brief, but regardless, she does seem to look content with my presence at least.

Upon exiting to the deck, there are a couple of vehicles parked with clouds under them with an empty parking space, a large pole in the middle of the deck with an antenna and radar up top, and a chain-link fence with what looks to be a pool within the surrounding fence.

:ec_magnolia: :"We're takinnnnnnnnnnng Arthurius' vehicle."

She unlocks the blue vehicle from the passenger side, waves me over to go in first and she follows immediately after.
>>
No. 994402 ID: e51896
File 161735464596.png - (975.17KB , 1280x720 , EC00142.png )
994402

We put the backpack and Sniffles in the back of the vehicle, and take our seats. It is one of those three person seaters which makes it hard to move your arm without awkwardly brushing against the person next to you. we buckle up, and Magnolia hands me the keys.

:ec_magnolia: :Please staaaaaaaart it up.

I turn the keys in the ignition, and a cool wind blows against my face while the news plays on the radio. It is talking about Rekindling day, and something about parade floats. Magnolia changes the channel to something more relaxing, and she rests her head against the seat about as far back as she can go with the very limited mobility the seat has.

>>992372
>ask her about any dates she might or might not have gone on with a teddy bear recently.

:ec_lilly_ch1: :"So... have you gone on any dates with a teddy bear"?

:ec_magnolia: :"Weird questiiiiiiiion..."

she's right, it is a weird question. I'm not sure why I asked, maybe it is because back before I graduated high school, I used to privately have pretend dates with my plushies to practice and prepare before I would go on dates with my boyfriend.

:ec_magnolia: :"But yeah..."

Weirder still is that she actually admitted she dated a teddy bear. Glad I'm not the only one who did that. Well, at least we date our plushies in private.

:ec_magnolia: :"I dated Fluffyfuzz the teddy bear back in a romance festival"

...I don't know if Magnolia has guts, or if she is just weird...

>>992375
>What's she been up to lately?

:ec_lilly_ch1: :"What have you been up to lately, Magnolia?"

:ec_magnolia: :"Eating, uhh... sleeping, play with Sniffles, work onnnnnnnn the grappling guns"

:ec_lilly_ch1: :"Oh yeah, you mentioned that before. What are the grappling guns?

:ec_magnolia: :"Guns where you shoot a grappling wire to pull you to hard to reach places."

:ec_lilly_ch1: :"Pretty self explanatory then..."

:ec_magnolia: :"mmmmhhmmmm..."

>>992406
>I find it extremely suspicious that you simply found an impossible option in the game itself. Either the game glitched out and the code did something it shouldn't have or you made the game do something that wasn't supposed to happen in the first place. I would like to test this, flip a coin and let it fall on the ground to see if it will lend on its side. The last thing to mention, call Arthurius a huge nerd and tell Magnolia that you don't plan on living in this world and when you leave you will forget about this place so she might as well tell you all about the game in the first place. Who knows the story of the game might even be relevant to your current predicament.

I thought about that impossible choice coming up in the game, but we already came to the conclusion that I may have most likely lucid that choice into existence. Also, I have no coin with me. But I am curious about the game I played.

:ec_lilly_ch1: :I don't plan on living in this world and when I leave, I will forget about this place, so you might as well tell you all about the game and its spoilers.

Magnolia nods

:ec_magnolia: :"picking where Arth left off, Sleep paralysis demons exist in our wooorld."


:ec_lilly_ch1: :I've heard about people having those back in the real world... um... are they dangerous here?

:ec_magnolia: :"Noooooo, their harmless, just scary. The game has a suspension of disbelief making them dangerous."

:ec_lilly_ch1: :No kidding?

:ec_magnolia: :"Like sandmen, they can travel to reality and the dream world."

huh, I'd like to think sleep demons as the polar opposite of sandmen in some ways then... even though that doesn't make sense.


:ec_lilly_ch1: :What kind of ending does the game have??

:ec_magnolia: :"Multiple. Arthurius likes the ending where the characters celebrate a birthday after saving the tower"


:ec_lilly_ch1: :"Wow, that sounds wholesome"

:ec_magnolia: :"Not really..."

:ec_lilly_ch1: :"How so?"

:ec_magnolia: :"It's an ending where the charrrrrrrracters blindly accepted living in the corrupted tower"

:ec_lilly_ch1: :"Really, then what's your favorite ending?"

:ec_magnolia: :"Where the toooooower collapses and everyone is free from it, living in the promised lands"

:ec_lilly_ch1: :"Wait... didn't the game say that only people who have died are allowed in the promised lands?"

:ec_magnolia: :"It's uuuuuuuup to the players interpretation. There are more endings though"

:ec_lilly_ch1: :"I wonder what kind of ending my lucid choice will make in the game"


:ec_magnolia: :"The gaaaaaaame won't probably function without youuuuuuu playing it since you lucid that part up."

Ouch, won't Arthurius be disappointed...

We still have time to discuss other things. Are there any lingering questions I have before Arthurius arrives and we start the mission?
>>
No. 994410 ID: f626ab

Hmm so we do have some power over probability to get unforeseen outcomes, that is an interesting thing to keep in mind. As for Magnolia, she is a strange person but a strange person and I can't really get a read on her nor what is she even thinking about. Time to figure out what exactly she is hiding. As her about her previous relationship one involving a music box. If she questions you on how you know about it simply say that Arthurius mentioned is previously in an offhand remark. She doesn't need to know how you know about it, as for us this all is information reconnaissance. Never forget they all are friendly but at the end of the day, or in this instant dream, they are complete strangers and we need to learn as much as we can from them.
>>
No. 994427 ID: ce39da

Mags seems like a good soundboard for ideas.

"So, I can already accept that I have some influence over what happens next, as long as I myself don't have enough information to contradict my assertion. Simply accepting that fact as true already lowers the bar for how much 'force of will' would be required for that, huh?"

"... Ooh, come to think of it, even if I'm not good at breaking the rules of a dream, I can observe additional rules that the enemy wasn't expecting to have to follow! Or heck, I can even interpret whatever craziness the enemy is engaging in as just a thing anybody can do in this dream; 'anything you can do,' and all that."
>>
No. 994536 ID: 851736

Ask why she became a bounty hunter
>>
No. 994537 ID: b1b4f3

>>994402
It is now your duty to finish that game.
>>
No. 994542 ID: afe7de

Can you show me one of your grappling guns? sounds like a cool project.
>>
No. 995932 ID: e51896
File 161830139540.png - (1.05MB , 1280x720 , EC00143.png )
995932

>>994536
>It is now your duty to finish that game.

I feel a sense of great responsibility in needing to finish that game… but… ugh, do I have to? I mean, I will if I must, but the game’s story feels too bland, the gameplay feels like any other rpg game I’ve played with nothing new added to the table, and those endings Magnolia mentioned didn’t feel too optimistic. Besides, after this dream is over, there is no guarantee that I’d be seeing these bounty hunters again in a future dream to continue playing… (Though to be fair, I only played the first chapter, so I guess the game could get better.)
>>994427
>Mags seems like a good soundboard for ideas.
:ec_lilly_ch1: : "So, I can already accept that I have some influence over what happens next, as long as I myself don't have enough information to contradict my assertion. Simply accepting that fact as true already lowers the bar for how much 'force of will' would be required for that, huh?"
:ec_magnolia: :“Peeeeeerhaps. Getting to a lucid state tends to be um… different for everyone.”
:ec_lilly_ch1: : "... Ooh, come to think of it, even if I'm not good at breaking the rules of a dream, I can observe additional rules that the enemy wasn't expecting to have to follow! Or heck, I can even interpret whatever craziness the enemy is engaging in as just a thing anybody can do in this dream; 'anything you can do,' and all that."
:ec_magnolia: :“ Mayyyybe... I read theoooooories that it may also has to do with dreamers’ subconscious.”
:ec_lilly_ch1: : "How so?"
:ec_magnolia: :“they said Soooooomething about dreamers being in tune with their subconscious... can’t remember the details.”
:ec_lilly_ch1: :"That might be something to keep in mind when I try out my idea."
:ec_magnolia: :“Just beeeeeee careful...”
>>994410
>Hmm so we do have some power over probability to get unforeseen outcomes, that is an interesting thing to keep in mind. As for Magnolia, she is a strange person but a strange person and I can't really get a read on her nor what is she even thinking about. Time to figure out what exactly she is hiding. Ask her about her previous relationship one involving a music box. If she questions you on how you know about it simply say that Arthurius mentioned is previously in an offhand remark. She doesn't need to know how you know about it, as for us this all is information reconnaissance. Never forget they all are friendly but at the end of the day, or in this instant dream, they are complete strangers and we need to learn as much as we can from them.

I have an urge to ask Magnolia about having a relationship with someone involving a music box of some sort that she owns, but… I don’t remember seeing Magnolia owning a music box, or hearing about her being given one by someone she was in a relationship with… unless I’m projecting my own experiences onto her? I remember an old western I watched with my father which involved a pocket watch that played music when it was open or something, maybe that thought came to mind when I saw her pocket watch(?) on her necklace. I also remember owning a music box during my early days of high school long ago, a gift from my boyfriend to help me sleep with its soothing song when I was suffering from insomnia at the time.
Regardless, I’ll ask her about her pocket watch.

:ec_lilly_ch1: : “Hey Magnolia, I like your necklace. Is that a pocket watch hanging from it?”
Magnolia doesn’t say anything, but she slowly grasps the pocket watch on her necklace.
:ec_lilly_ch1: : “I’m wondering, does it plays music? and did someone special to you gift it to you?”
:ec_magnolia: : “…………yeah…………”
:ec_lilly_ch1: : “Who was it?”
:ec_magnolia: : “…………Can weeeeeeeeee talk about something else?”

Oh, I hope I didn’t overstep my boundaries. Maybe I should talk about something more related to her interests… like being an inventor.

>>994542
:ec_lilly_ch1: : “Can you show me one of your grappling guns? sounds like a cool project.”
Without making eye contact, Magnolia lets go of her necklace, and pulls out of crumpled piece of paper of a pencil sketch of what looks to be a gun with a rope and a metal grabber at the end of it.
:ec_lilly_ch1: : “Wow, that looks cool! How is that project coming along”
:ec_magnolia: : “IIIIIII’m having trouble accommodating the rope’s durability to the weight of the user.”
:ec_lilly_ch1: : “Oh, you’ve got prototypes you’ve tested?”
:ec_magnolia: : “Yeah, Arthurius is my tester.”
I can’t help but smirk at the imagination of Arthurius using the prototype of these guns, and falling flat on his face when the rope snaps apart.
>>994536
>Ask why she became a bounty hunter
:ec_lilly_ch1: : “So what made you want to use your talents to become a bounty hunter?”
:ec_magnolia: : “Becaaaaaause my brother’s job offer was the only one hiring for my talents.”
:ec_lilly_ch1: : “You’re talking about Arthurius, right?”
She nods. I guess that confirms that Magnolia and Arthurius are siblings then.
:ec_magnolia: : “Speeeeeent four years in college majoring dream creating, and five years looking for a job…”
:ec_lilly_ch1: : “Wait, I thought that since dream creating is in a dreamcier’s blood that there would be a demand for it?”
:ec_magnolia: : “Not really, the dream universe is huge, so there’s not many uniiiiiiiiiique dreams to create.
:ec_lilly_ch1: : “I suppose... there are a lot of people who do have similar dreams like flying dreams after all”
:ec_magnolia: : “That, and employers only hiiiiiiire people with professional experience, there’s never any entry level jobs.
:ec_lilly_ch1: : “Ouch, even after all that time in college? How do you get professional experience if nobody ever offers entry level positions?”
:ec_magnolia: : “Yeah… My advice: don’t go to college, waste of mooooooooney.
Something about that comment doesn’t sit right with me…
:ec_lilly_ch1: : “I mean, at least you got the opportunity to learn the tools of the trade, and use those skills to help your brother. Me? I’m still trying to get accepted into a college. It has been several months and nobody still wants to accept me, and I don’t even know why. It is very disheartening being rejected so many times… But I’m still not going to give up searching for acceptance, just like how you shouldn’t give up finding a job you majored in and be a dream creator like you always wanted!”
Magnolia doesn’t respond to my comment for a while as she is in deep contemplation, but finally responds quietly
:ec_magnolia: : “Maaaaaaybe I should speak to Kyle Daum about job offers after the mission...”
>>
No. 995933 ID: e51896
File 161830146172.png - (1.01MB , 1280x720 , EC00144.png )
995933

Suddenly, the sound of the door opening and slamming next to me makes me jump. If it wasn’t for the seatbelt, I probably would have bumped my head on the ceiling. I turn to find Arthurius has entered. He is holding a bottle of soda, and a recorder of some sort.

:ec_arthurius: :Phone call is done. It wasn’t our client on the phone, but his secretary. Kyle was too busy to talk to me again
:ec_lilly_ch1: : “Oh? What did she want?”
:ec_arthurius: : “She was letting me know about the three statues that were destroyed. Apparently, two of the three destroyed statues used to be ones that replaced old nightmarish statues, so we will have to figure out which of those statues our target is going to go rebuild the ancient nightmare statue at. We will be meeting with Kyle’s secretary as soon as we enter the dream world at the parking area to discuss more about it.
:ec_lilly_ch1: : “I see. And it looks like you remembered my recorder this time!”
:ec_arthurius: :”Yep, here you are, and for Mags, here is that soda I promised!”
:ec_magnolia: : “Thhhanks…”
I look over at my new recorder, seems to be pretty basic, has buttons to play, record, stop, rewind, fast forward, all that jazz. It seems like it is something that can connect to a computer too. I’m not sure if it will help me much though since I will pretty much lose this once I wake up, but I feel compelled to speak into it right now! But… what should be the first things I say into it? could be anything, like my experience here so far, how I’m feeling, about myself, about what I think about my two new friends, or maybe I should just annoy the shit out of Arthurius and just beatbox into it until the mission starts. Decisions decisions…
>>
No. 995934 ID: afe7de

You decide to say something like the following into the mike:

Heyo, this is Lilly, I’m a human that woke up in a dream world. I guess I’m feeling kind of jazzed and excited to be experiencing something like this and to be learning about lucid dreaming. No idea when I’ll wake up or if I’ll remember this though. But hey, maybe if I wake up again and hear this I can learn all about what I did last time in case I dont remember.

Then describe in vague terms what has happened so far, your two new buddies, and by the time you’re nearly done with that close out with some beatboxing, y’know some Boots and Cats and Boots and Cats and Boots and Cats, try to get one of the two to join you.
>>
No. 995977 ID: ce39da

"This is Lilly, a dreamer sitting in on a Dreamcier bounty hunting mission. Hope I don't screw this up!"

Hey, do these guys already have an internal case-logging system? If not, then start with 1.

"Case-Log NA-1; the Nightmare Architect." Summarize what you already know. "Something of note; she chooses to replace the new statues instead of simply recreating the old ones in a remote cordoned-off area. This might imply one of two things. First possibility; that she's trying to restore the dream as a whole to its original state. However, unless she has delusions of grandeur the size of Texas, she must realize that's a losing battle, bounty hunters or no. Second possibility; she wants to take note of how the original statues affect local dreamers. This implies she's trying to find inspiration and hone her craft... likely because she couldn't hack it over at the Nightmarecier side of the world." Question; is her educational background known? It's possible she couldn't afford more orthodox education.
>>
No. 996052 ID: b1b4f3

>>995932
>I’m still trying to get accepted into a college
What are you looking to learn? Tradeschool or community college might be enough.
>>
No. 996099 ID: 8483cf

Record your hopes and dreams- no, really! It's important to remember what keeps you moving forward, and it's a great barometer for how much you've grown when you hear it later.

Also make fart noises whenever Arthurius starts talking
>>
No. 996275 ID: d63ea8

(To be fair a lot of RPGs have a slower start since their trying to explain the methodology of the world.)

>“IIIIIII’m having trouble accommodating the rope’s durability to the weight of the user.”
I think Mags is calling Arthurius fat.

Oh! Before you say anything, try rewinding and playing the recorder, just in case there is something already on it.

>>995977
Then this.
>>
No. 996289 ID: 9d8674

Yeah that recorder is a good ideas to never actually forget where you came from and to never forget what you left behind. Say something about your family or your life before you came here, it is also a good way to check if they messed with your memory in some way.


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason