[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki] :: [Discord]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Embed (advanced)   Help
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 25600 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 160757088184.jpg - (160.51KB , 800x1067 , It Begins.jpg )
983260 No. 983260 ID: d63ea8

First Chapter: >>960828
Previous Thread: >>969963

>3. Launch a preemptive strike on the Meat Demon and attempt to Excise its Corruption.
>3! We should have the advantage.
>3: Preemptive strike
>3: the time to strike is now! (I hope this works)
The battle begins.
Expand all images
>>
No. 983261 ID: d63ea8
File 160757100905.jpg - (197.73KB , 800x1067 , 'There was once a Creature'.jpg )
983261

There was once a creature that stalked the surface of the world.
It lived in the primordial time before, when the realities of life and death sat on a razor’s edge.
To live was to fight by the laws of Tooth and Claw.
Those who were strong would eat.
Those who were weak would die.
The creature embodied these laws, having etched them into its psyche.

>>
No. 983263 ID: d63ea8
File 160757132108.jpg - (251.13KB , 800x1067 , 'Awesome and Terrible like a Storm'.jpg )
983263

Awesome and terrible like a storm the beast would descend upon its prey.
The Meat was as warm as it was fresh, and the creature grew powerful.
All it needed was to taste the air and a new victim would be added to its ever growing tally.
It drank in the sound of the world around it, letting its neurons fire and sizzle to the beat of the hunted.
The beast would consume all it could grasp.
Be it flesh or fear.
But as a thing of instinct, the creature could not anticipate what occurred next.

>>
No. 983264 ID: d63ea8
File 160757132989.jpg - (383.01KB , 800x1067 , 'Feared and Hunted'.jpg )
983264

Feared and hunted by the weak, the creature was ensnared.
Its own appetites used as the blade to skewer it.
For it only knew of the hunt, and not the clever tricks of the lesser kin.
But it did not perish in accordance the laws of Tooth and Claw.
The times were changing.

>>
No. 983265 ID: d63ea8
File 160757133325.jpg - (188.17KB , 800x1067 , 'The Beast was and Caged'.jpg )
983265

The beast was caged, mocked and marked as a Demon by the lesser kin.
It would remain at the back of its prison, daring the foolish to come near its bars.
But the lesser kin were smart, and knew of ways to goad the creature forward.
As soon as it would emerge into the light its onlookers would react in a mix of fear, rage and pride.

‘We have conquered this.’

‘We have moved beyond.’

But the creature knew better.

>>
No. 983266 ID: d63ea8
File 160757134095.jpg - (177.62KB , 800x1067 , 'Because the Creature is still Wild'.jpg )
983266

Because the creature was still wild.
It knew that when the bars broke and the world burned, the laws of Tooth and Claw would return.
And it would be supreme.

>>
No. 983267 ID: d63ea8
File 160757134482.jpg - (315.47KB , 800x1067 , 'It Saw the Chance to Escape'.jpg )
983267

It saw the chance to escape when the strange thing came.
The creature could smell their difference.
They were not the lesser kin.
They were not from this world.
And were not beholden to the times.

>>
No. 983268 ID: d63ea8
File 160757135357.jpg - (150.77KB , 800x1067 , 'The Strange Thing Offered'.jpg )
983268

The strange thing offered a freedom of sorts.
While they could not bend the bars, the strange thing could move the cage.
All it needed from the Demon was for it to come with them.
For the key they could offer would only work if the cage was warped in the perfect way.


Try to escape,” they said.

Bit by bit you will dent the cage.

Once it is right, you will be free.

The creature did not trust the strange thing, but the allure of the hunt proved too great.

It would escape.

>>
No. 983269 ID: d63ea8
File 160757136075.jpg - (309.70KB , 800x1067 , 'No Matter the Cost'.jpg )
983269

No matter the cost.
>>
No. 983270 ID: d63ea8
File 160757138703.jpg - (130.58KB , 800x1067 , 'This Cage will Not Hold It'.jpg )
983270

This cage will not hold it.
>>
No. 983271 ID: d63ea8
File 160757139370.jpg - (133.69KB , 800x1067 , The Lifeline.jpg )
983271

You have broken through.
The Meat Demon is unaware of Your presence, but it should not be underestimated.
It will be far more resilient to a direct attack.

And while it may not be able to hurt You, Abbot will suffer from such altercations.

If the battle cannot be won, then return through this door, it will not be able to follow.
>>
No. 983272 ID: d63ea8
File 160757139840.jpg - (266.99KB , 800x1067 , Divining the Barrier.jpg )
983272

>Divine
This is the barrier between Your domain and Its.
The blood is Yours and Yours alone.
But the brain is something that has been shared.

You know this place.

Far more than
It does.

>>
No. 983273 ID: d63ea8
File 160757141187.jpg - (183.44KB , 800x1067 , Into the Dark Recesses.jpg )
983273

Ahead lies the enemy.
And perhaps a way to defeat it.
>>
No. 983274 ID: d63ea8
File 160757141724.jpg - (334.08KB , 800x1067 , Divining the Narrow Passages.jpg )
983274

>Divine
The Meat Demon has made its lair in the darkest recesses of Abbot’s mind.
While Your presence still echoes through this place, so does a great
Pain.

The
Meat Demon marks Its territory with every idle moment.

It deludes Itself in thinking damage will aid in Its escape. But the Meat Demon has been Bound to Abbot. It can only try to wrestle for control.

It is getting stronger…


>Examine what surrounds you.
>Explore. There are two diverging paths ahead.
>Inspect items on your person, or elements of the environment.
>Commune those nearby.
>Test these ‘powers’ you have, possibly find answers.
>Evoke a word or a thought. Let it carry your will.
Abbot is close enough to the dreaming, but the Meat Demon will hear you.

>Divine the deeper meaning of this place.

>Please Continue.
>>
No. 983275 ID: b1b4f3

>>983268
That hand... our ultimate enemy is indeed trying to turn Abbott into a copy of it.

>>983271
Hmm, so we shouldn't attack directly? Or... rather, we can't get into a punching match with it, we have to be clever.

>>983274
We should know this place more than It. What do we know, exactly? Do we have a map of these tunnels in our memory?
Inspect the colored spots on the ground that stood out during the Divine. Divine them specifically if we need to (though we might not)
>>
No. 983287 ID: e7c7d3

Explore the left passage
>>
No. 983308 ID: ecb3d0

>>983275
>Inspect the colored spots on the ground that stood out during the Divine
and the one on the right that didn't
>That hand... our ultimate enemy is indeed trying to turn Abbott into a copy of it.
It might still just be Abbot's hand, with him acting as he was instructed to.
>>983287
Before that perhaps we could gaze down each direction. Devine them even.
>>
No. 983816 ID: d63ea8
File 160825967786.jpg - (231.60KB , 800x1067 , Sensing and Knowing.jpg )
983816

>That hand... our ultimate enemy is indeed trying to turn Abbott into a copy of it.
>It might still just be Abbot's hand, with him acting as he was instructed to.
The hand was missing a finger. It may not have been Abbot’s hand, but it did look very much like it.

>We should know this place more than It. What do we know, exactly? Do we have a map of these tunnels in our memory?
This place held little significance to Us. It was a place of Pain, Fear, Lies, and Hate.

We...

We did not care for Abbot as We do now.

The true shape of this place has been lost to Us. But We will relearn these passages.
>>
No. 983817 ID: d63ea8
File 160825968679.jpg - (227.32KB , 800x1067 , Pulsing Vein.jpg )
983817

>Inspect the colored spots on the ground that stood out during the Divine.
We divert Our attention to the pulsating ground.

It seems Our dominion reaches into this place, though its Potency has lessened after We crossed the barrier.
>>
No. 983818 ID: d63ea8
File 160825969398.jpg - (278.78KB , 800x1067 , A Channel for Life.jpg )
983818

>Inspect.
It is a place where Our life-fluids have collected.
Dutifully maintaining the functions of Abbot.
Moving to the beat of his heart.
It is warm.
Containing both Abbot’s energy, and Our Potency.
It is a part of Us.
We can interact with it and not cause harm to Ourselves or to Abbot.

With the flow clear and strong We could use it to bolster our Potency for a few moments, or perhaps lure the Demon here, if it can hear the rush of life-fluids.
>>
No. 983819 ID: d63ea8
File 160825970845.jpg - (399.78KB , 800x1067 , Divining the Recent Gain.jpg )
983819

>Divine them specifically if we need to (though we might not).
Life draws to life.
This force bubbles to the surface as a great
Wound is ripped open.
These swells are a symptom of a fever attacking the Vessel.
An outside force tearing at the fabric of its existence.
It has poisoned this place, and causes the world to harm itself.

Abbot is hurt.

>>
No. 983820 ID: d63ea8
File 160825971598.jpg - (191.29KB , 800x1067 , Tangled Vein.jpg )
983820

>And the one on the right that didn't
We move to the other rise of matter.

It too pulses to the same rhythm, but it also swells and shudders with a strained force.
>>
No. 983821 ID: d63ea8
File 160825972862.jpg - (237.18KB , 800x1067 , Finding a Clot.jpg )
983821

>Inspect.
This is a place that has not adapted to Us.
The channels crush one another and block Our passage.
Left alone, it would burst and harm Abbot.
The flesh here is Scarred.
This has not occurred naturally, an action has caused this.
>>
No. 983822 ID: d63ea8
File 160825974618.jpg - (362.44KB , 800x1067 , Divining the Blockage.jpg )
983822

>Divine.
This is the result of a much older injury.
The tissue here contorts in an attempt to reject Our presence.
It is blind and hurt, lashing out at anything around it.
The
Demon has trained it to expect attacks at any point.
But the underlying causes predate the
creature.

Abbot hides them.

>>
No. 983823 ID: d63ea8
File 160825979091.jpg - (221.23KB , 800x1067 , Working the Fluids Through.jpg )
983823

We reach out to the twisted veins, and it trembles under Our touch. It gives Us pause, but We cannot stand by and watch it rupture.

Carefully gripping the edge of the constricting tissue We lift it to the side and exert Our control over the trapped life-fluids, forcing the flow to drain slowly rather than all at once.

Something about this action feels familiar to Us.

But Our Empathy seems to have used it in a different way…
>>
No. 983824 ID: d63ea8
File 160825980583.jpg - (181.46KB , 800x1067 , Further into Pain.jpg )
983824

>Hmm, so we shouldn't attack directly? Or... rather, we can't get into a punching match with it, we have to be clever.
The Meat Demon thrives on conflict, and grows defiant when it is challenged directly. Yet by those same merits it could be provoked into foolish action.

A direct strike could be effective, but only if the Demon has lowered its guard.

>Explore the left passage
>Before that perhaps we could gaze down each direction. Divine them even.
We start with the left passage.
>>
No. 983825 ID: d63ea8
File 160825981932.jpg - (342.02KB , 800x1067 , Divining the Deeper Cuts.jpg )
983825

>Divine.
The crushing waves of PAIN give way to an ocean that sinks further and further into the Abyss. The corridors ahead have suffered the most severe damage, but they have not been caused by the Demon. Nor have they been caused by a Being.

The
Meat Demon’s lair lies in this direction.

It may not expect an advance from this front.

>>
No. 983826 ID: d63ea8
File 160825982595.jpg - (148.59KB , 800x1067 , A Passage into Hidden Places.jpg )
983826

We then peer down the passage to the right.
>>
No. 983827 ID: d63ea8
File 160825983029.jpg - (307.57KB , 800x1067 , Divining the Sacked Rooms.jpg )
983827

>Divine.
Here the passages bend and turn back upon themselves. Furiously hiding dangerous notions from the Corrupted flesh.

Things like
Truth cannot be allowed to exist, lest the Demon grows hungry again.

But the
Demon knows.
It knows…

It tears at the walls, madly searching for where the
Key has been hidden.

But the
Key’s true form has been Forgotten.

The
Demon does not know what to look for.

>>
No. 983828 ID: d63ea8
File 160825984108.jpg - (181.46KB , 800x1067 , Further into Pain.jpg )
983828

We turn back to the left passage and proceed to Explore it.
>>
No. 983829 ID: d63ea8
File 160825984698.jpg - (163.98KB , 800x1067 , More Directions.jpg )
983829

The path ahead starts to fork into many new directions, but this area is dominated by a swollen mound of darkening matter. Circular grows crown the pile. They balloon and deflate in a slow regular pattern, filling themselves with life-fluids before emptying again.

>Examine what surrounds you.
>Explore. There are three diverging paths ahead.
((The Red markers indicate areas that have not been Explored, the Grey ones note areas You have.))
>Inspect items on your person, or elements of the environment.
>Commune those nearby.
>Test these ‘powers’ you have, possibly find answers.
>Evoke a word or a thought. Let it carry your will.
Abbot is close enough to the dreaming, but the Meat Demon will hear you.

>Divine the deeper meaning of this place.

>Please Continue.
>>
No. 983831 ID: b1b4f3

Hmm, well, let's keep on the lookout for more Clots, and heal them as we find them.
Also should inspect/divine the markings on the walls. My initial impression was that they're tallies but maybe not.
Inspect/divine that bulbous thing in the center of the room.

...before we do any Divining, peek through each passage to make sure the enemy won't see us glowing. Pretty sure we glow when using Divine.
>>
No. 983836 ID: ecb3d0

>>983831
I don't think we glow when we Devine, but sure lets look down them all, see if anything is there and if not Devine down each too. I think it more likely we just glow because that is just how we are right now.
>>983823
Probably opened it all at once for that little hit of extra power, regardless of later impact on Abbot

The growths seem to be covering a separate object. Let us Devine that separately.

((>>983816 Stitched together the bits that are visible >>/moo/5181))
>>
No. 984233 ID: f2320a

>>983831
this we need to investigate this place and fix it up
>>
No. 985378 ID: 894419

>>984233
Also voicing support for this
>>
No. 988950 ID: d63ea8
File 161413789073.jpg - (159.10KB , 800x1067 , Inscribed Pain.jpg )
988950

>Also should Inspect/Divine the markings on the walls. My initial impression was that they're tallies but maybe not.
This requires investigation.
>>
No. 988951 ID: d63ea8
File 161413790264.jpg - (186.30KB , 800x1067 , Echoed Wounds.jpg )
988951

>Inspect.
The surface has been rent apart with repeated motions.
For there is no time, no days, but these are tallies.
And by their counting, some measurement can be gleaned.
The Demon will ensure that the walls remember.
>>
No. 988952 ID: d63ea8
File 161413791942.jpg - (366.33KB , 800x1067 , Divining the Count in Cuts.jpg )
988952

>Divine.
The Demon has grown impatient and doubtful of the Deal. But this new cage is easier to change. And the Demon has picked up a few tricks.

These markings are here to hinder Us.

Or more likely, Our kind.

While present they will diminish Our Potency, though it will not harm Us.

But the walls embody these Scars, it will be difficult for them to Forget.

>>
No. 988953 ID: d63ea8
File 161413794089.jpg - (283.37KB , 800x1067 , Attempting to Mend.jpg )
988953

>This, we need to investigate this place and fix it up.
>Also voicing support for this
This will not do.

We call upon Our connection to the blood.
>>
No. 988954 ID: d63ea8
File 161413794599.jpg - (119.25KB , 800x1067 , But it will not last.jpg )
988954

But this repair will not remain. The wall will reform it in anticipation of the Meat Demon.

The Corruption must be Excised first.
>>
No. 988955 ID: d63ea8
File 161413798707.jpg - (164.67KB , 800x1067 , Through and through.jpg )
988955

>...before we do any Divining, peek through each passage to make sure the enemy won't see us glowing. Pretty sure we glow when using Divine.
The Demon might be close.

We begin with the left-most passage.



There…

There is something that is bringing up an animosity within Us.

Deep animosity.
>>
No. 988956 ID: d63ea8
File 161413799281.jpg - (161.58KB , 800x1067 , Damaged Passage.jpg )
988956

Next, the centermost passage.

There is a mild rupture, We need to fix it.

>I don't think we glow when we Divine, but sure let's look down them all, see if anything is there and if not Divine down each too.
We will check the surroundings and then review them.

>I think it’s more likely we just glow because that is just how we are right now.
Something is causing Us to be in contrast against the surroundings.

Stealth will be more difficult.
>>
No. 988957 ID: d63ea8
File 161413800149.jpg - (166.04KB , 800x1067 , Autodestructive.jpg )
988957

>Hmm, well, let's keep on the lookout for more Clots, and heal them as we find them.
The matter here is constricting itself, the force is causing the flesh to sheer itself apart.

We will need to cause more damage before this can be healed…

>Probably opened it all at once for that little hit of extra power, regardless of later impact on Abbot.
Did We cause this?


No. These particular Scars predate Our arrival, but the actions We’ve taken before have caused them to worsen.

We will mend this, but first...
>>
No. 988958 ID: d63ea8
File 161413800542.jpg - (167.15KB , 800x1067 , Distant Roars.jpg )
988958

There is the rightmost passage to Examine.

The Meat Demon’s roars echo along the walls and the colours twist and shade into deeper Corruption.

The Meat Demon is hungry.
And it is angry.
>>
No. 988959 ID: d63ea8
File 161413800954.jpg - (192.07KB , 800x1067 , Swollen Blockage.jpg )
988959

But there is also another channel here that is struggling to carry Us.

One that is easier to mend.
>>
No. 988960 ID: d63ea8
File 161413803740.jpg - (236.87KB , 800x1067 , Loosening the Strain.jpg )
988960

Again We carefully lift the misguided vein. Gravity intends to rush our work, but We force the flow to slow.

Gently, the life-fluids resume their proper course.

We will not repeat past mistakes.

Our Empathy stirs… and We softly caress the matter in Our grasp.

We... Comfort it...

The matter still trembles, but less than it did before.
>>
No. 988961 ID: d63ea8
File 161413804370.jpg - (153.20KB , 800x1067 , Backing off for Now.jpg )
988961

But other matters still require attention.
Namely…
>>
No. 988962 ID: d63ea8
File 161413804879.jpg - (314.21KB , 800x1067 , Divining the Boiling Hatred.jpg )
988962

>Divine.
This is the border between PAIN and HATRED. Where the crushing weight of the outside world can be condensed and hardened into something that can hurt others. Its purpose falls in line with the desires of the Demon, and is the reason why It has set up Its lair there.

The walls ahead hold grievances; and the
Corruption is causing these normally silent thoughts to manifest.

It will be difficult to keep them quiet.

>>
No. 988963 ID: d63ea8
File 161413805432.jpg - (313.46KB , 800x1067 , Divining the Harmful Node.jpg )
988963

We then turn back to the centermost passage.

>Divine.
This passage moves deeper into the traumas of Abbot’s life.
The territory of
PAIN will try to reject Us and may even strike out wildly.
In this sickened half-state the body attacks the mind.
It will not recognize Us, and may harm itself further in an attempt to fight us back.

But there is something else too...

The
Abyss...
Its influence runs deeper in this direction.

>>
No. 988964 ID: d63ea8
File 161413805966.jpg - (325.70KB , 800x1067 , Divining the Migraine.jpg )
988964

And now…

That…

>Divine.
>(Contested against Potency)
>Information has been Masked.
>(Connection to dominion too damaged.)
>(Corruption too strong.)

This is the source of our animosity.
This is one of the locks that keeps the Meat Demon bound.
This is one of sources of poison that putrefy Abbot’s body.
And We find that its presence draws out a great Ire within Us.
>>
No. 988965 ID: d63ea8
File 161413810284.jpg - (163.41KB , 800x1067 , Now for the Main Focus.jpg )
988965

>Inspect/Divine that bulbous thing in the center of the room.
But We pull Ourselves away for now.

The mound of warped matter may need Our attention more.

The way in which the flesh has grown defies normal function.
It draws an unreasonable amount of life-fluids to itself, with no apparent purpose.
This goes beyond a simple Scar or malignancy.
>>
No. 988966 ID: d63ea8
File 161413811235.jpg - (247.94KB , 800x1067 , Desperate Shell.jpg )
988966

>Inspect.
This matter travels upwards into a flesh-like cocoon.
We were mistaken, this construction does have a rationale to it.

It is attempting to replicate a self-contained system.
A miniature heart for a miniature body.
These interwoven veins are attempting to shield whatever is inside.
When struck the ‘heart’ will accelerate, and coat the item beneath in a scabrous shell.
It will hurt deeply, but that may be the point…
Or it could be a mercy by comparison…
>>
No. 988967 ID: d63ea8
File 161413812273.jpg - (340.77KB , 800x1067 , Divining the Malignant Sheet.jpg )
988967

>Divine.
Beneath there is PAIN and only PAIN.
Abbot seeks to have it buried, but it always pushes back to the surface.
He has Forgotten what lies beneath, but he Remembers the
PAIN.

The
Demon uses this.

All
It needs to is agitate the memory.
To lean on it.
And the body Remembers.

>>
No. 988968 ID: d63ea8
File 161413813307.jpg - (234.59KB , 800x1067 , Careful Excavation.jpg )
988968

>The growths seem to be covering a separate object. Let us Divine that separately.
We are careful to move the heavy channels, but they actively tense and judder in Our grip. The ‘heart’ above is beginning to quicken, as if danger is near.

There is no way of removing this without causing great harm.

But this is hurting Abbot.
>>
No. 988969 ID: d63ea8
File 161413814622.jpg - (379.86KB , 800x1067 , Divining the Feedback of Self.jpg )
988969

>Divine.
There is…
There is…
There is…
Too much...
Too much…
Too much…
Of us…
Of us…
Of us…
Here…
Here…
Here…

It hinders...
It hinders…
It hinders…
Our sight…
Our sight…
Our sight…


We will need to Dig Deeper if We are to unearth this sheltered thought.

>Examine what surrounds you.
>Explore. There are three diverging paths ahead.
((The Red markers indicate areas that have not been Explored, the Grey ones note areas You have.))
>Inspect items on your person, or elements of the environment.
>Commune with those nearby.
>Comfort with Empathy. Practice a new muscle.
>Test these ‘powers’ you have, possibly find answers.
>Evoke a word or a thought. Let it carry your will.
Abbot is close enough to the dreaming, but the Meat Demon will hear you.

>Divine the deeper meaning of this place.

>Damage Abbot in order mend the Scars?
>Dig Deeper?
>Please Continue.
>>
No. 988981 ID: b1b4f3

Test: The veins carry Us. Shouldn't that mean we can move about without having to walk through the corridors with this "body"? Or might we manifest the "body" in multiple places at once?

I don't think we should mess with the "lock". It was created by a being far stronger than Us.
On the other hand, this scar-heart... the first clot we found was like a booby-trap. Could we turn the scar-heart into a booby-trap to damage our quarry? We may need to practice Comfort on smaller scars in order to properly calm the scar-heart to change it significantly without triggering it, though.

Explore: go down the path with the bleeding vein, to repair it.
>>
No. 989039 ID: ecb3d0

This intersection is a key part of our way out, I think we should start working further into Pain (center path) so it is slightly less obvious where we came in from. Reach one of the four ends and start working back from there.
Wait to do this: "Explore: go down the path with the bleeding vein, to repair it." Till we come back this way.
As far as Testing goes having more selves to explore with would be helpful, so would simply being able to 'hide' in the walls.
This shell could be hiding the 'key'
>>
No. 989614 ID: d63ea8
File 161463721881.jpg - (273.49KB , 800x1067 , Calling to the Blood.jpg )
989614

>Test: The veins carry Us.
Even though We no longer hold the dominion of the brain, the blood travels to all corners. While these corridors may be clogged and locked We should still be able to move between them.
>>
No. 989615 ID: d63ea8
File 161463722461.jpg - (308.67KB , 800x1067 , The Dominion Answers.jpg )
989615

The dominion answers.
Our form begins to dissolve.

>Shouldn't that mean we can move about without having to walk through the corridors with this "body"?
This form is an expression of Our will, Our Potency, with it We will be able to Strike at the Meat Demon. But We do not need it to travel.
>>
No. 989616 ID: d63ea8
File 161463722996.jpg - (318.40KB , 800x1067 , Other Nodes Within Reach.jpg )
989616

Yet… something pushes back against Us...
>(Contested against Potency)
>Node selection Limited.
>(Connection to dominion too damaged.)
>(Locks interfere.)

We can still move independent of pathways, but Our range has been reduced. The Scars try to bar Our passage.

>(‘Abbot’ interferes.)
But there is also a channel that remains open.
As if it expects Us.
Or perhaps desires... Our approach.
>>
No. 989617 ID: d63ea8
File 161463723406.jpg - (391.51KB , 800x1067 , Greater Grasp of the Situation.jpg )
989617

>Or might we manifest the "body" in multiple places at once?
>As far as Testing goes having more selves to Explore with would be helpful.
We Test our limits, and Try to push further.
There is another familiarity stirring within Us...

There were…
We were…

>>
No. 989618 ID: d63ea8
File 161463730361.gif - (2.37MB , 800x1067 , Attempting to Bridge.gif )
989618

ṁ̷̢̧̫̜̲̤̼͍͈̯̹̭̒͑̄͛́̀͊̈́̆̍̂͘͝͝ä̸̡̨̧̛͔͉̜̝͙̠́̅̌̓͒͆̍͗̒̇̐́̽̊͆ͅn̶̰͖̐͗̂̾͗̊́̿̾̄̎̓͗̾̏̅͛̕̚͝͠͠ẏ̸̧̢̩͚̥̫̘̄̀̅̅͗̌͐̋͐͝͝.̴̦͖͍̳̣̝̝̯͋̓̃̋́͛̀̕͘͜͜.̷̧̦̥͎̘̤̻̯͈̊̏̈́̐̅͜͝ͅ.̵̧̨̡͚͖̮̬̼̣͚̜̦̤͔̘͍̌̓͐̏͠ͅ
̸̨͇̖̫̯͎̣̦̤̼͔̲̟̦̓̑́̐͌̚͜m̷̨̧̧̧͎̼͓͇͈͇͕̥̖̟̖͎̞̰̼̣̦̼̐̕͜a̸̢̞͈̙̥̠̪̖̻͓̗͔̺̮̥̠͈̝̘̩͔̜̩͂͒̽̇͒̈́̾́̑̔̚̕̚̚n̶̢̡̻̝̰̱̰̼͔̫͆̊̇̽̃̈́̈̾̉̀̅̓͐͊̆̋̿́̕̕y̶̢̡͙̭̺̬̙͙͇̜̒͐̊̄͊͆̀͛̅̐̈̆̂̿̿̓̚͠ͅ.̴̧̨̡͖͇̦̣͕͖͔͙̦͍̹̎̓̔̊̂̀̂̒͌̈́̃̍̿̈́̐̈́̎̉͘͜͝.̷̧̡̡̧̧̭̙͔̞͓̜̟̬̩̝̼̣͎͚̲̠͚͌͗̃̽̊̍͛̉̂͐͌̒̿͐̕̕͝͠͝.̵̻͉̌̄͒͒̈́̊̋́́̄̋͘̕̚͘͝
̵̟̇͆͑͋̌̊͋͂̓̊̇̍̈́̌̏̎̃͘͝m̴̦̫̣̬̖̻̥̖̞̈́͘a̵̡̗͉̠͚̹̼̪̅͛̄̆͑̽̒͋͛̾̂͌̌͝n̴̗̣̜͔͕̖̊̉̓͛̿̆͊͑͋̐̎̾̓͌͑͠y̷͖͕̖̏͒͋̔͊͑̇̀̓̏̊̔͘͠͝ͅ.̷̡̡̧̛̲̯̻͓̱̠͙͓͔͍̩̝͕͇̽͗̀͊̑̄̏̈́̈́̿̏̔̈͜͜ͅͅ.̶̨̪͙̰̠̟̼̫̣̺̬̲͈͈̒́̀̚̕.̶̨̢͚̤̬͍̞̱͓̣̪͓̼͙̥́͌͑̅̋̒͌͊̀̌̏͑̇̓̐͗͐̒̈̑͆̈́͊͜

>>
No. 989619 ID: d63ea8
File 161463733379.jpg - (129.42KB , 800x1067 , Recollecting the Self.jpg )
989619

More Potency is needed before the [REAWAKENING] can begin.
>>
No. 989620 ID: d63ea8
File 161463734757.jpg - (184.07KB , 800x1067 , Back Together.jpg )
989620

>I don't think we should mess with the "lock". It was created by a Being far stronger than Us.
We have fallen so far…
and have lost so much…
>>
No. 989621 ID: d63ea8
File 161463735338.jpg - (266.17KB , 800x1067 , Forced to Clash.jpg )
989621

>(Test) ...so would simply being able to 'hide' in the walls.
We had reached too far before, perhaps something simpler…

But again, something is causing Us to contrast with the surroundings. While We are able to slip in, it will be difficult to hide.

Why..?
Why does the dominion of the brain Resist Us so?
>>
No. 989622 ID: d63ea8
File 161463736208.jpg - (273.87KB , 800x1067 , Possibility of a Snare.jpg )
989622

>On the other hand, this scar-heart... the first clot we found was like a booby-trap. Could we turn the scar-heart into a booby-trap to damage our quarry?
Yes, this is something We can work with.
We can cause the veins to rupture in such a way that it coats and possibly ensnares the Meat Demon.

It may not Inflict an Injury, but it will give Us the perfect moment to Strike.

This will not take any effort on Our part, merely an intent.
>>
No. 989623 ID: d63ea8
File 161463736609.jpg - (163.41KB , 800x1067 , Now for the Main Focus.jpg )
989623

>This intersection is a key part of our way out.
Abbot’s mind and body have taken great effort to entomb this place.
Whatever is here must be significant.

>This shell could be hiding the 'key.'
Perhaps it is why this ‘heart’ trembles in the presence of the Demon.
>>
No. 989624 ID: d63ea8
File 161463741497.jpg - (161.58KB , 800x1067 , Motion to Misdirect.jpg )
989624

>I think we should start working further into Pain (center path) so it is slightly less obvious where we came in from. Reach one of the four ends and start working back from there.
>Explore: Go down the path with the bleeding vein.
The Meat Demon should still be unaware of Our presence, but We will learn the new shapes of these recesses and confound the Demon with Our assault.
>>
No. 989625 ID: d63ea8
File 161463741973.jpg - (166.04KB , 800x1067 , Autodestructive.jpg )
989625

>Repair it.
>Wait to do this, till we come back this way.
((Action banked.))

The Demon may notice Our repairs. But We will mend this.
>>
No. 989626 ID: d63ea8
File 161463742477.jpg - (210.58KB , 800x1067 , Seeking to Soothe.jpg )
989626

>We may need to practice Comfort on smaller scars in order to properly calm the scar-heart to change it significantly without triggering it, though.
We... reach out and carefully touch the bleeding veins.

Again our Empathy begins to act…
You’re going to be alright.
We’re here…
Just hold on a little longer.


The tension within begins to ebb as the heaving of life-fluids starts to slow.
We... We didn’t have to exert our control over the flow this time.
>>
No. 989627 ID: d63ea8
File 161463743057.jpg - (146.99KB , 800x1067 , Agitated Crossroads.jpg )
989627

Again We are presented with many diverging paths. Off to the side there is a container that is partially enmeshed in the wall. It seems well used.

>Examine what surrounds you.
>Explore. There are three diverging paths ahead.
((The Red markers indicate areas that have not been Explored, the Grey ones note areas You have.))
>Inspect items on your person, or elements of the environment.
>Commune with those nearby.
>Comfort with Empathy. Practice a new muscle.
>Test these ‘powers’ you have, possibly find answers.
>Evoke a word or a thought. Let it carry your will.
Abbot is close enough to the dreaming, but the Meat Demon will hear you.

>Divine the deeper meaning of this place.

>Turn the ‘scar-heart’ into a snare for Your quarry? It will only require intent.
>You can also Check which nodes are in range.
((This information will be given much earlier if it is asked for.))

>Something else?
>Please Continue.
>>
No. 989633 ID: b1b4f3

>>989627
Hmm, starting to put together a plan here. We can teleport around, so we can set traps and lead our target into them, to attack while it's trapped then teleport away again to lead it into another trap. Just gotta find and set up enough of them to wear it down.
Well used? Must be the target's box.

Hmm, I thought of a potential problem here. The white entity is somewhere around here as well, and it might interfere in the fight. Should probably stay out of its territory.

First, Divine this room.
Then Inspect/divine the box to see if it's safe to open. We can look in it to gather some useful info.

I kindof want to go to the node Abbot pointed us to, but let's uh, wait until after we're done rooting around in the box.
>>
No. 989699 ID: ecb3d0

((Map update >>/moo/5207))
((the lock's color is #00ff6a and also shows up at the boundary here >>989621, the lines here>>989618, around three nodes here >>989616, three places here >>989617, (this also suggests white is well marginalized) and on the nails in >>983269 (inside of the fire is #19452e the outline is #44ff00) >>988955>>988964))
>>989633
>The white entity is somewhere around here as well
>>989623 this object is white, it could be white is fairly well contained already, though regardless white tends to be much less confrontational, more of a 'prey' type entity, quite possibly included by design to help keep red distracted.
Actually no, I think White is Right then Left huddled against the edges of the node

I too wish to play with the box. However, more than that I wish to create a trail of actions leading from somewhere else of us doing things which means we need to just look and note, not touch. We will do all the things on the way back.
Left and Straight take us to dead ends where we can begin doing things and heading back, I vote straight. As per usual lets Devine all the directions and things, but wait till we come back to take the time to examine for now. (As we should be back right quick from the dead end)
As much as the nails are keeping us out, I think they are keeping red in and so we should wait till we have a better idea of the landscape before we try to tackle them.
>>
No. 989728 ID: 3637bf

>>989633
This makes sense. Our enemy doesn't really understand the ideas of traps and long term strategy, so using these against it will be our best way of softening it up for our final confrontation.

Yes, lets open the box.
>>
No. 990267 ID: d63ea8
File 161517949299.jpg - (271.84KB , 800x1067 , A Reformed Picture.jpg )
990267

>((Map update))
((Map correctly devised.))

>Hmm, starting to put together a plan here. We can teleport around, so we can set traps and lead our target into them, to attack while it's trapped then teleport away again to lead it into another trap. Just gotta find and set up enough of them to wear it down.
>This makes sense. Our enemy doesn't really understand the ideas of traps and long term strategy, so using these against it will be our best way of softening it up for our final confrontation.
Yes, the Meat Demon only knows confrontation. Given the proper position and bait We would be able to Strike with unerring precision.

If We can Injure it enough, Our quarry will fall.

But the blood cannot carry Us far. If it can track Us the Meat Demon will attempt to pursue, and it is adept at hunting.

The consequences of any misstep We make will fall upon Abbot.

We cannot allow that.

>I kind of want to go to the node Abbot pointed us to, but let's uh, wait until after we're done rooting around in the box.
Even with Our increased distance from it, the channel remains open. Perhaps the node will always be open to Us.

>Hmm, I thought of a potential problem here. The white entity is somewhere around here as well, and it might interfere in the fight. Should probably stay out of its territory.
The Devil’s territory lies far away from here, but it may attempt to hamper Our efforts or aid the Meat Demon. We will have to be on the lookout for it.

>(Item beneath ‘scar-heart’), this object is white, it could be white is fairly well contained already, though regardless white tends to be much less confrontational, more of a 'prey' type entity, quite possibly included by design to help keep red distracted.
While the true nature of the Devil eludes Us, it does seem to act with a paranoid amount of caution. It may not approach Us or the Demon at all, instead choosing to perform from the sidelines.

It has also shown a talent for skirting Our gaze. The Devil should not be ruled out of this encounter.

>Actually no, I think White is Right then Left huddled against the edges of the node.
No…
That… seems to be something else, from someone else.
Different from both the locks and the Demon

It’s… the Abyss.
Somehow it has found a way into Abbot’s mind.

...We may need to attend to this.
>>
No. 990268 ID: d63ea8
File 161517949712.jpg - (305.99KB , 800x1067 , Divining the Dejected Space.jpg )
990268

>First, Divine this room.
This node is saturated with the PAIN of doubt, and is the place Abbot visits most frequently. Every missed opportunity and closed door eventually finds their way here, and are added to the pile.

When it gains enough weight, the pile will crush his spirit.

But the
Devil has found Its way here as well, despite the danger the Demon presents.

>>
No. 990269 ID: d63ea8
File 161517950211.jpg - (158.80KB , 800x1067 , Pathway to a Departure.jpg )
990269

>As much as the nails are keeping us out, I think they are keeping red in and so we should wait till we have a better idea of the landscape before we try to tackle them.
The Demon’s main weakness is that it cannot escape from this dominion. We do not know what would happen if it did, but the consequences could be dire. Our actions around the locks will require great care.


>As per usual lets Divine all the directions and things
We will start with the leftmost passage again.

There are… contraptions here?
A shelter lies ahead, along with some kind of-
...the word escapes Us.

The flesh along this path is swollen and inflamed. Many of the growths stretch across the ground, as if to get underfoot.

The number of tallies along the walls sharply dropped off too.
>>
No. 990270 ID: d63ea8
File 161517950823.jpg - (319.96KB , 800x1067 , Divining the Severed Connection.jpg )
990270

>Divine.
The Demon has tried to bend this bar, but it stubbornly reshapes itself. Here the PAIN mixes with sickly shades of longing and loss. The node will not allow that element to be twisted.

So the
Meat Demon left it. There are more pleasing targets to attack.
This place does warp, but will only do so in its own way.

Abbot has not visited this place recently, but every time he does it brings him one step closer to oblivion.

But part of him will never truly Forget it.
For under the Scars there is something worth saving.

>>
No. 990271 ID: d63ea8
File 161517951255.jpg - (139.89KB , 800x1067 , A Place of Interrogation.jpg )
990271

Next, the central passage.

Is that… light?

No, it’s more of a… haze.

Beneath it is a chair, and behind that there is a desk and… window pane?
>>
No. 990272 ID: d63ea8
File 161517951813.jpg - (297.98KB , 800x1067 , Divining the Disappointment.jpg )
990272

>Divine.
This node is a memorial to a great schism. One that has never been addressed, nor healed in any way. The Demon enjoys this node the most. For the PAIN gathered here is already eager to boil over into HATE.

This is a wound that still festers, and the walls bleed contempt.

>>
No. 990273 ID: d63ea8
File 161517958544.jpg - (147.90KB , 800x1067 , Closer to the Ocean's Call.jpg )
990273

The rightmost passage has many spined growths within it, with more still growing.

We also hear sound, waves crashing against shore.
>>
No. 990274 ID: d63ea8
File 161517959016.jpg - (303.38KB , 800x1067 , Divining the Inward Harm.jpg )
990274

>Divine.
Here the PAIN turns inwards. Ahead the Meat Demon finds opportunity and danger in equal measure.

A
predator even greater than Itself has carved out a lair here, but alongside it is a near irresistible temptation. The Meat Demon had gotten so close before, but Abbot had pulled away at the last moment. Perhaps a second push could drive him over the edge.

>>
No. 990275 ID: d63ea8
File 161517960209.jpg - (111.63KB , 800x1067 , Box Full of Failure.jpg )
990275

Finally, We will attend to this box...

>Well used? Must be the target's box.
Perhaps… but what would the Meat Demon need with a container?
It warrants a closer Inspection.
>>
No. 990276 ID: d63ea8
File 161517960831.jpg - (202.95KB , 800x1067 , Thwarted Theft.jpg )
990276

>Then Inspect/Divine the box to see if it's safe to open. We can look in it to gather some useful info.
This box appears to be a metaphysical construction, its materials lack any discernible characteristics beyond being solid. But parts of its surface have been Tinted, as though something had leached colour from the box’s form.

Puzzlingly enough, the box was deliberately built with a broken lock, and something else has been desperately trying to fix that.

Another strange element here is that the flesh around the box has grown in an almost protective manner, using Us to weigh it down. Yet the veins will channel their life-fluids back into the wall if one were to lift the lid, allowing for the contents to be easily accessed.

The box appears safe to open.
>>
No. 990277 ID: d63ea8
File 161517961477.jpg - (274.85KB , 800x1067 , Divining the Vessel of Rejection.jpg )
990277

>Divine.

This is the Wound Abbot picks at most frequently.
‘What if it was all for nothing?’
Regardless of self-perceived skill or practice, what if everything he has done has been in vain?
What if he had been wrong?

There is no coming back.
All this time is spent and wasted.

No amount of prayer and sacrifice will buy back a lost youth.
His best years are gone…
There is nothing left…
Why e
ven bother at this point..?

The world will not have you.
Your family has abandoned you.
What are you even trying to achieve?



better to just leave…
no one would miss you…


But much of that is the Corruption’s infection.
There is another aspect to this that is being overwritten.
Something that would make these thoughts bittersweet.

But Abbot is losing this fight.

>>
No. 990278 ID: d63ea8
File 161517961853.jpg - (111.63KB , 800x1067 , Box Full of Failure.jpg )
990278

>Yes, let's open the box.
>I too wish to play with the box. However, more than that I wish to create a trail of actions leading from somewhere else of us doing things which means we need to just look and note, not touch. We will do all the things on the way back.
A brief Examination will not take long.
>>
No. 990279 ID: d63ea8
File 161517964551.jpg - (172.69KB , 800x1067 , At Some Other Point.jpg )
990279

As We lift the lid, colours around Us shift and change.

Inside are various letters and notices, but We quickly close the box.
>>
No. 990280 ID: d63ea8
File 161517965047.jpg - (112.39KB , 800x1067 , Best Left Alone.jpg )
990280

>But wait till we come back to take the time to Examine for now. (As we should be back right quick from the dead end).
It seems that there is far more to both Examine and possibly Explore, but this ruse We are creating may serve Us better in Our engagement against the Meat Demon.
>>
No. 990282 ID: d63ea8
File 161517965577.jpg - (134.04KB , 800x1067 , Shifted Air.jpg )
990282

But it seems that Our momentary interaction has still changed the atmosphere of this node.
>>
No. 990283 ID: d63ea8
File 161517966021.jpg - (133.44KB , 800x1067 , No Longer Seated.jpg )
990283

>Left and Straight take us to dead ends where we can begin doing things and heading back, I vote straight.
The haze is gone.
>>
No. 990284 ID: d63ea8
File 161517967035.jpg - (138.45KB , 800x1067 , Room of Harsh Reality.jpg )
990284

We approach the node with the chair.

Judging by Our earlier Inspection these items are likely to be metaphysical constructions too.

But what is their purpose?
>>
No. 990286 ID: d63ea8
File 161518017855.jpg - (264.65KB , 800x1067 , Divining the Ultimatum.jpg )
990286

>Divine.
This is the room where it happened.
It was a late evening just on the cusp of autumn.
Abbot knew what words would be coming.
But they hurt all the same.

A gift rests here.
Or more accurately, something that would soon become a “gift”.
It was offered in anger, and taken much the same.

This is not a Scar that can be easily healed.
But if it is left to rot the poison of this moment will spread.

And the resulting fever will consume Abbot.


>Examine what surrounds you.
>Explore. There is only the way back.
((The Red markers indicate areas that have not been Explored, the Grey ones note areas You have.))
>Inspect items on your person, or elements of the environment.
>Commune with those nearby.
>Comfort with Empathy. Practice a new muscle.
>Test these ‘powers’ you have, possibly find answers.
>Evoke a word or a thought. Let it carry your will.
Abbot is close enough to the dreaming, but the Meat Demon will hear you.

>Divine the deeper meaning of this place.

>Please Continue.
>>
No. 990304 ID: b1b4f3

These image filenames hold a lot of information...

>>990277
Oh, interesting. The white entity has something to do with... uh, I'm gonna be vague right now and say sadness, and the wish to disappear. The full word for that might be part of its name, which would be bad to speak here, probably.

>>990282
Nice! The walls healed.

>>990286
Ok, "interrogation", "disappointment", a "schism", "harsh reality", "ultimatum"... this looks like an office. I think Abbot got fired. Yet, it was a "gift" of a sort, as it gave him the free time to focus on his occult activities. Or, perhaps, it allowed him to isolate himself without too much suspicion once he was... infected. Also, he's getting unemployment checks I'd bet.
Sheesh, I hope we weren't controlling his boss at the time, and did it to get the opportunity to get into Abbot's blood... We don't have any memories of how we first met Abbot.

Ok, let's get down to business. Inspect/divine the pen. That's the most important object here, aside from the chairs. Those can be next.
>>
No. 990334 ID: ecb3d0

>>990284 >>990304
>I think Abbot got fired.
I agree fired seems most likely, however it could also have been an interview. Neither really cover "ultimatum" though, as that would have presented Abbot with a choice. Abbot seems to have some guilt of having failed us in the past, this doesn't seem like quite the right environment for that to have happened, but it is possible.
look for any of the small 'clots' and heal them.
Devine the 'window' gaze into the 'window' Devine big chair, small chair, inkwell, kinetic toy, and the phone. (oh yea inspect them too ((wait what is the difference between examine and inspect, should we have been examining, inspecting, and deveining all the things?)))
Then (unless the Divinations suggest risk, danger, caution, etc. for these actions) sit in the big chair, then should that do nothing, sit in the smaller chair.

>>990282
>Nice! The walls healed.
Good, but also (my) mission failed, the point was to create a chronological path of healing. *sigh*

>Oh, interesting. The white entity has something to do with... uh, I'm gonna be vague right now and say sadness, and the wish to disappear. The full word for that might be part of its name, which would be bad to speak here, probably.
This does seem possible, though it((White)) will be the next target of our 'housecleaning' ((though spitballing in double parentheses should be fine, if only for a record of thoughts))
((I am thinking figuring out this other entity might be helpful for fighting Red. Evidence seems to suggest they are not friends, so that has my vote for next thing to do when we are done here, since my plan has been defeated and the auto-destructive 'clot' seems relatively unimportant now, at least as a priority destination))
>>
No. 990342 ID: d63ea8

>>990334
((Examining an area or object gives a overview of what that object/area is and how it factors into the surrounding environment.))
((i.e. Examining the desk would tell you how it's size dominates most of the node, and that the drawers on its far side are fake and do not open.))

((Inspecting on the other hand is more focused and will give you the discernable aspects of an item or the aspects of a specified part of the environment.))
((i.e Inspecting the desk would reveal that it's also a metaphysical construction, but unlike the box it is both solid and heavy. Other parts/contents of the desk (like the fake drawers or ink pot) would have to be Inspected separately.))

((Finally Divining will try to discern the deeper meanings of an object or place, usually displaying why the object is here and what it is meant to represent. Divining might also reveal more hidden aspects of an object, but because it is an expression of Your will Others can choose to push back against it using their Potency.))

((There is an overlap over what can be found, especially when it comes to Examining vs. Inspecting, but there are slight changes in their methodology. Like different tools in a toolkit.))
>>
No. 990352 ID: ecb3d0

((Well in light of knowing the fake drawers exist)) Append the fake drawers to the list of things to Devine (and inspect (and examine, discarding the redundant information already provided by inspect)
((Wonder if/when we will be presented with the choice to push back against a divination))
>>
No. 990359 ID: b1b4f3

>>990342
Wait... I just realized that if others can resist Divination, they're also *aware* of it when it happens. We should avoid using Divination on anything strongly associated with our target, to keep it from being alerted too early.
>>
No. 990452 ID: ecb3d0

>>990359
This seems, unfortunately, true. However, >>990276 seems to suggest that inspecting may reveal the association, though further evidence is needed.
>>
No. 992996 ID: d63ea8
File 161664667476.jpg - (138.45KB , 800x1067 , Room of Harsh Reality.jpg )
992996

>Oh, interesting. The white entity has something to do with... uh, I'm gonna be vague right now and say sadness, and the wish to disappear. The full word for that might be part of its name, which would be bad to speak here, probably.
Speaking the full name of the Demon while in its presence seemed to give it more power over Abbot. That could be an effect of the Demon’s fundamental nature, but nothing is certain.
The Devil appears to be far more perceptive than its counterpart, and We may draw its attention if We invoke its full name.

>This does seem possible, though it will be the next target of our 'housecleaning.'
It has shown itself to be just as dangerous to Abbot as the Demon. It cannot be allowed to exist.
>>
No. 992997 ID: d63ea8
File 161664667816.jpg - (176.84KB , 800x1067 , Something Only He Can See.jpg )
992997

>Nice! The walls healed.
It seems that box had more in it than just letters.
But to make the walls Forget their Pain

We will have to Examine this further.

>Good, but also (my) mission failed, the point was to create a chronological path of healing. *sigh*
We feel pangs of disappointment from the lost opportunity, but perhaps it is still salvageable.
If We could cause this node to experience a similar ‘recovery’ then it would still fool the Meat Demon. This is a place without proper time, and We doubt that the Demon would accurately ascertain the correct series of events.

>Ok, "interrogation", "disappointment", a "schism", "harsh reality", "ultimatum"... this looks like an office. I think Abbot got fired. Yet, it was a "gift" of a sort, as it gave him the free time to focus on his occult activities. Or, perhaps, it allowed him to isolate himself without too much suspicion once he was... infected. Also, he's getting unemployment checks I'd bet.
It’s difficult to describe, but it feels as though there was something more personal about this interaction.
Though We can’t trace where that instinct is coming from.
Puzzling…

The checks would help with Abbot’s more immediate material situation, though that will need to be addressed after the Demon is dealt with.

>I agree fired seems most likely, however it could also have been an interview. Neither really cover "ultimatum" though, as that would have presented Abbot with a choice. Abbot seems to have some guilt of having failed us in the past, this doesn't seem like quite the right environment for that to have happened, but it is possible.
This node seems entrenched around a singular moment… what has made it stand out so?

>Sheesh, I hope we weren't controlling his boss at the time, and did it to get the opportunity to get into Abbot's blood... We don't have any memories of how we first met Abbot.
It… wouldn’t be impossible…
Our influence seemed to far-reaching before Our fall…
Empathy again stirs within Us.


Did We cause him this hardship?
We’re… sorry…
>>
No. 992998 ID: d63ea8
File 161664668736.jpg - (120.27KB , 800x1067 , Built up Blood.jpg )
992998

>Look for any of the small 'clots' and heal them.
We start with the wall behind Us.

It appears unremarkable, save for the tallies carved into it.
>>
No. 992999 ID: d63ea8
File 161664669064.jpg - (114.33KB , 800x1067 , Behind the Throne.jpg )
992999

We then move to the wall behind the desk and chair.

It too appears unremarkable.
>>
No. 993000 ID: d63ea8
File 161664669590.jpg - (142.08KB , 800x1067 , False Glass and True Self.jpg )
993000

>Divine the 'window' Gaze into the 'window' Divine big chair, small chair, inkwell, kinetic toy, and the phone. (Oh yeah Inspect them too).
We being Our search in earnest.
But the window catches Our sight.
Or more precisely, the reflection does.
>>
No. 993001 ID: d63ea8
File 161664672374.jpg - (321.90KB , 800x1067 , A Parasite that Watches from Behind Eyes.jpg )
993001

>Gaze
We watch Ourselves...
This is Us...
Our form…
Our shape…

The blood makes us human
makes us more than human
makes us human no more.


We...
We Remember...

We did not always look like this…
Our original shape lacked these human features.

We changed because…

We needed to be their Icon.
>>
No. 993002 ID: d63ea8
File 161664672826.jpg - (215.52KB , 800x1067 , Always in His Shadow.jpg )
993002

>Inspect.
This window is also a metaphysical construction, but the materials have more definition to them. The frame is made from heavy sanded timber and was painted over with a weather-proof clear coat. Parts of the sanding is uneven, indicating possible damage in the past.

The glass has been treated to make it more reflective.

There is an… impression in a part of the glass.
It defuses parts of the light.
Turning it into a Haze.
This window holds Corruption, but no form of Tinting or Darkening.
>>
No. 993003 ID: d63ea8
File 161664673457.jpg - (252.42KB , 800x1067 , Divining the Spot Where He Stood.jpg )
993003

>Wait... I just realized that if others can resist Divination, they're also *aware* of it when it happens. We should avoid using Divination on anything strongly associated with our target, to keep it from being alerted too early.
>This seems, unfortunately, true. However, [this] seems to suggest that inspecting may reveal the association, though further evidence is needed.
That would make sense, other Beings seem to be able to note and thwart our Divination attempts if their Potency is greater than Ours.
While We doubt that the Meat Demon has any Potency of its own it may sense Our attempts to Divine it.

We have yet to find the Demon’s direct touch anywhere, but if We were to guess, it may have a deeper connection to Hate.

But the window should be safe.

>Divine.
He had always stood there.
Every time Abbot entered this place,
he was there, staring off into the horizon.
But this time was different.
And the space
he once occupied now feels gnawing and empty.
It was…
It was…

This node is succumbing to corrosion. A
poison of the mind that seeks to erase all warmth from this place, leaving only PAIN. Left to its own activity the Corruption will “mend” this window, and thus annihilate a sentimental anchor to past moments.

Leaving only the flashpoint.

...

Abbot is losing this memory.

>>
No. 993004 ID: d63ea8
File 161664673993.jpg - (131.86KB , 800x1067 , Behind His Desk.jpg )
993004

>Append the fake drawers to the list of things to Divine and Inspect (and Examine, discarding the redundant information already provided by inspect).
Best to get a full grasp of what this node has.

>Examine
This node does not have any clots, though the flesh is anchoring the desk, phone and chairs in place.

There is a noticeable difference in height between the two chairs. The one behind the desk has its seat set further up while the one in front has slightly sunken into the ground.

The window is similarly fixed into the wall, and while the matter beneath is uneven, the frame and glass are not.

There are a set of drawers in the back of the desk, but on closer Examination they lack any form of sliding mechanisms and appear to be entirely solid. The handles appear to be ornamental.

On the desk is a set of colliding balls, an inkwell and pen, corded phone, and finally a writing mat.

Save for the corded phone, whose cable runs into the wall, none of the other items appear to be anchored in place.

The inkwell and pen seem very similar to the one in Abbot’s possession.
>>
No. 993005 ID: d63ea8
File 161664674330.jpg - (127.71KB , 800x1067 , The Well from which Words Come.jpg )
993005

>Ok, let's get down to business. Inspect/divine the pen. That's the most important object here, aside from the chairs. Those can be next.
Our attention seems to be drawn to the pen before anything else. This may in fact be the same inkwell as one Abbot has, though it is in much better condition.

It feels important.
>>
No. 993006 ID: d63ea8
File 161664678362.jpg - (200.43KB , 800x1067 , It is Deeper than the Ocean.jpg )
993006

And again We cannot discern why these thoughts cross Our mind.

It’s as though… We were being led here.
>>
No. 993007 ID: d63ea8
File 161664678748.jpg - (186.27KB , 800x1067 , And Holds More than the Sky.jpg )
993007

>Inspect
This construction is more real than the rest.
It has touch, taste and smell in such specificity that another could mistake it for a genuine item.
We of course can make note of the difference.

But again there is that feeling We cannot fully articulate.
It is akin to a Resonance, but not a for Being.
Perhaps more of an echo.
>>
No. 993008 ID: d63ea8
File 161664679842.jpg - (234.29KB , 800x1067 , Divining the Harsh Momento.jpg )
993008

>Divine.
This was a gift.
Or soon to become one.
But it did not come free.
A Promise was given in return.
One of Defiance.
A Promise to reach new heights without aid or encouragement.

So Abbot might spit in the face of the giver.

The later element has festered.

Parts wish to give in.

But the Defiance will not allow it.

Abbot would not be swayed from this path.
Even if there is
PAIN in the loss.

>>
No. 993009 ID: d63ea8
File 161664680347.jpg - (138.28KB , 800x1067 , Unwelcome Seat.jpg )
993009

>Inspect.
The chair has the appearance of leather, but the consistency of stone.
It is an inaccurate quality, but one the metaphysical construction has deliberately emphasized.
While uncomfortable and abrasive, it would not cause harm to Us.
>>
No. 993010 ID: d63ea8
File 161664681098.jpg - (211.34KB , 800x1067 , Divining the Chair of a Guardian.jpg )
993010

>Divine.
This is where he sat.
But the face is no longer there.
The
name is no longer there.

The anger and
HATE remains.


But he did not wish for this.
It was a hard choice that came from a place of-


But the
PAIN and HATE will not allow it.

They do not wish Us to dig.

>>
No. 993011 ID: d63ea8
File 161664683258.jpg - (197.69KB , 800x1067 , Sinking Feeling.jpg )
993011

>Inspect.
This chair is constructed with much more accurate details than its counterpart.
The imitation leather is warm to the touch and holds the lingering taste of sweat.

When We put any form of weight on the chair it sinks further into the ground. It returns to normal height when that pressure is removed.

Sitting in it should not harm Us either.
>>
No. 993012 ID: d63ea8
File 161664683733.jpg - (219.86KB , 800x1067 , Divining the Chair of a Dependant.jpg )
993012

>Divine.
This is where Abbot sat.
The feeling is very much familiar.
This is where he comes to torment himself.
The piercing look that-
he gave.
The-
The-
There was
PAIN only PAIN and disappointment. There is no going back.

There was no point.
HE WOULDN’T GO BACK.
NO.
IF
HE WAS SO EAGER TO CAST HIM OUT THEN-

They do not wish Us to dig.
But this is not what truly happened.

The
Corruption is trying to destroy the reality.
There was -is-
PAIN here, but there is more to this, and it has been hidden under LIES.

Abbot is losing this memory.

>>
No. 993013 ID: d63ea8
File 161664684245.jpg - (127.32KB , 800x1067 , Never Opened.jpg )
993013

>Inspect.
These are constructions without function.
The drawers are effectively one solid mass of matter.
They do have the vague visual look wood, and are cold to the touch.

We have very little to go on beyond that.

Is this metaphysical construction just meant to be viewed?
>>
No. 993014 ID: d63ea8
File 161664684865.jpg - (215.26KB , 800x1067 , Divining the Discarded Curiosity.jpg )
993014

>Divine.
Abbot was never allowed to touch these, even when he got older.
At first they’re contents were mystery, but with age all forms of fantastical guesses faded into banality.
There was nothing interesting in them.

HATE altered this sentiment further:
There was nothing important in them.

A few guesses still linger.
But the
PAIN will not let them be voiced.

>>
No. 993015 ID: d63ea8
File 161664685427.jpg - (215.62KB , 800x1067 , Out of Order.jpg )
993015

>Inspect.
While materially coherent this metaphysical construction appears entirely inert.
It has all the trappings of a corded phone:
The texture and appearance is appropriate for plastic.
The buttons depress when pressure is applied.
And the cord coming out of its back appears to be a form of electrical cable, although it is an oddly thick one.

Yet it seems to be without power.
>>
No. 993016 ID: d63ea8
File 161664688123.jpg - (263.14KB , 800x1067 , Divining the Last Heralding.jpg )
993016

>Divine.
This is a catalyst.
Its ring sounded the beginning of the end.

Abbot found it coldly apt that an intermediary was needed in order to see
him.
It had always been like-

Another deception.
Previous encounters had been more personable.
Again the
HATE tries to discard that which would undercut its drive.

But the
PAIN correctly states that this did sound the start of Abbot’s last conversation with him.

They do not wish Us to dig.

>>
No. 993017 ID: d63ea8
File 161664688733.jpg - (154.24KB , 800x1067 , Little more than an Orniment.jpg )
993017

>Inspect.
Again it is another construction without purpose.
The entire device is solid, including the strings.

Much like the drawers this set of colliding balls seems to be for visual appeal.

It has the look of metal but lacks all other qualities.
>>
No. 993018 ID: d63ea8
File 161664689304.jpg - (248.86KB , 800x1067 , Divining the Harmless Bauble.jpg )
993018

>Divine.
It was something that had been on his desk for as long as Abbot could Remember.
He was told not to touch it, but words did not stop him.
A smack on the hand however, did.

This item is a representation of their relations.
Abbot would ask,
he would sTOP AT NOTHING T-

False.

This was merely an ornament from a colleague.
But it was a constant in this environment.
Thus it needs to be warped in order to fit with the narrative.

>>
No. 993019 ID: d63ea8
File 161664690159.jpg - (134.25KB , 800x1067 , Seat of Power.jpg )
993019

>Then (unless the Divinations suggest risk, danger, caution, etc. for these actions) sit in the big chair.
We sit in the larger chair.
Its abrasive surface causes Our form mild discomfort, but otherwise it appears entirely unresponsive.
>>
No. 993020 ID: d63ea8
File 161664690729.jpg - (170.50KB , 800x1067 , The Sound will Echo.jpg )
993020

>Then should that do nothing, sit in the smaller chair.
The phone rings.

>Examine what surrounds you or Inspect certain elements in greater detail.
((These actions have been consolidated for better readability.))
>Explore. There is only the way back.
((The Red markers indicate areas that have not been Explored, the Grey ones note areas You have.))
>Commune with those nearby.
>Comfort with Empathy. Practice a new muscle.
>Test these ‘powers’ you have, possibly find answers.
>Evoke a word or a thought. Let it carry your will.
Abbot is close enough to the dreaming, but the Meat Demon will hear you.

>Divine the deeper meaning of this place.

>React to what is happening. The Meat Demon might hear the sound.
>Please Continue.
>>
No. 993021 ID: b1b4f3

Ah, this was... Abbot's Father's office. Abbot was told to make something of himself, without his father's assistance. To become independent. The inkwell was a parting gift? Abbot didn't appreciate being forced out like that at the time, of course. Those that are used to the support of their parents don't usually react well to losing that support.
I'm not sure how we can clean this memory and reveal the truth to Abbot.
>>993020
Pick up the phone.
>>
No. 993089 ID: ecb3d0

((The phone is placed oddly, facing the 'visitor' seat))
Grasp without lifting the phone before seating yourself (goal is to have physical contact with the phone before we finish seating ourselves as I suspect picking up the phone and/or seating ourselves will trigger something similar to >>990279) once seated lift the phone.
>Abbot is losing this memory.
My guess is that this is on a 'time' scale longer than our current stay here, it progressing like molasses and us like water, sound, or light. progressing at a speed that will not be visible to our observation. Also it appears to be the work of the darkest color.
>>993006 The inkwell has a black aura under the Dreaming filter we will probably need to look at more things though this filter ((>>/questarch/963342 also depicts the inkwell through the dreaming filter and it seems to have no such dark aura))
>>993008
>A Promise was given in return.
>One of Defiance.
>A Promise to reach new heights without aid or encouragement.
>>993010
>But he did not wish for this.
>It was a hard choice that came from a place of-
suggests his hand was forced and >>990286
>Abbot knew what words would be coming.
>But they hurt all the same.
Suggests Abbot may have in part or whole been the driving force.
>>993012
>HE WOULDN’T GO BACK. NO.
>IF HE WAS SO EAGER TO CAST HIM OUT THEN-
>But this is not what truly happened.
with
>There was no point.
Suggests he might have gone back and that he wasn't that eager to cast him out. Abbot didn't go back because he was still committed to the reason he left/had to leave, thus "there was no point".
With the understanding that this him was probably a father figure if not the actual father. Something that fits all these: "interrogation", "disappointment", a "schism", "harsh reality", "ultimatum" would be a 'change your ways or no longer be welcome in this house'. Calling Abbot in for questioning (interrogating) about Abbot's activities, eliciting disappointment from him and highlighting the divide (schism) between them with him attempting to explain the (harsh) reality of Abbot's chosen path and to dissuade him of it with an ultimatum. However, Abbot rejected the ultimatum thus cutting off the "aid [and] encouragement." I think, though, that the path Abbot chose was not occult, but rather, given the 'gift' of the inkwell and the promise accompanying it, that of a writer. He told Abbot that they would never make it as a writer and Abbot vowed to prove him wrong, thus the inkwell was given in spite (you will need this in your stupid/misguided quest to prove me wrong) and received in spite (I will use this to prove you wrong!)

>>993007
We will need to inspect the counterpart after we wake, it may help us understand these 'inspection symbols'.
As per >>/questarch/968965 perhaps we can inspect our memory of it >>/questarch/969174.
>>
No. 993092 ID: ecb3d0

>>993006
The table (and other items on it) is transparent in the 'dream' view, but the inkwell seems more solid. Devine the aura in the 'dream' view.
>>
No. 993208 ID: b1b4f3

To be clear, I want to pick up the phone immediately, before it rings again.
>>
No. 994079 ID: d63ea8
File 161724711476.jpg - (294.10KB , 800x1067 , Seizing Initiative.jpg )
994079

>Pick up the phone.
>Grasp without lifting the phone before seating yourself (goal is to have physical contact with the phone before we finish seating ourselves as I suspect picking up the phone and/or seating ourselves will trigger something similar to [the lockbox]) once seated lift the phone.
We grab the phone, but do not lift it from its holster.
Again We sit, but this time the chair yields as though it were proper leather.

For a moment it feels as though the world is holding its breath.
>>
No. 994080 ID: d63ea8
File 161724712157.jpg - (276.51KB , 800x1067 , Divining the Constant Element.jpg )
994080

Seizing upon that moment We-

>The table (and other items on it) is transparent in the 'dream' view, but the inkwell seems more solid. Divine the aura in the 'dream' view.
This is the one point that the Haze is most fixated upon.
For it is the part of greatest resistance.

Abbot fights here.
He is losing, but this part remains intact.
It is the thing that allows his vision to be
shared.
This item would become invaluable in his future, but would doom him in the present.

It would become his only confidant.
The only one that would listen to his every
thought.

It would Remember what he would see.
And record it.

Such measurements were
dangerous to those who would Gaze back.


Already the world is changing, the moment is passing-
>>
No. 994081 ID: d63ea8
File 161724712337.jpg - (306.37KB , 800x1067 , Cutting of the Sound.jpg )
994081

>To be clear, I want to pick up the phone immediately, before it rings again.
We pull back the phone before the sound repeats.
>>
No. 994082 ID: d63ea8
File 161724714482.jpg - (386.22KB , 800x1067 , pOiSoN oF sEcOnDs.jpg )
994082

{Temporal Hazard}
And then Our skin burns.

Woman: “Mr. Abbot, your son is here to see you.”

We are barely able to register the voice that comes through the speaker.
It is as though We are being pulled apart at the most minuscule level.
We are decaying.
We are dying.

>My guess is that this is on a 'time' scale longer than our current stay here, it progressing like molasses and us like water, sound, or light. progressing at a speed that will not be visible to our observation. Also it appears to be the work of the darkest color.
This is the exact time Remembered-
And it is-
Holding Us in a space We cannot fit.

>We will need to Inspect the counterpart after we wake, it may help us understand these 'Inspection symbols'.
>As per [Examining Our powers] perhaps we can Inspect Our memory of [the inkwell].
((Actions banked.))

((Thoughts on other connections delayed.))

>React!

SUFFERING (Temporal Hazard)
Actions limited:
>Examine what surrounds you or Inspect certain elements in greater detail.
>Explore. FLEE.
>Commune with those nearby.
>Comfort with Empathy. Practice a new muscle.
>Test these ‘powers’ you have, possibly find answers.
>Evoke a word or a thought. Let it carry your will.

>Divine the deeper meaning of this place.

>Please Continue.
>>
No. 994086 ID: b1b4f3

>>994082
Look (Examine) AWAY FROM THE PHONE. Cover it somehow if possible, or maybe turn it away. The clock won't hurt us nearly as much if it's not in view. We want to stay in the memory though, to fix it. The parent will say something like "Let them in". After the phone is done being used in the memory we can unplug it, which will completely deactivate the clock.

Also make sure the toy on the desk can't/doesn't operate. The regular noise it makes is like a measurement of time.

...I wonder if we can do these things outside of the memory? Well, minor changes like these while inside the memory should be fine. We should make sure the essence of truth comes through, that's the important part. Can we use our Comfort action to ensure the memory plays out correctly, aside from the minor alterations to make it safe?
>>
No. 994172 ID: ecb3d0

Examine Inkwell, but do not let go of the phone receiver or get out of the chair.
Understand and Comfort that though it looks like a clock it is a construct of memory, imprecise by nature, the exact moment of call start may be remembered with great precision (and even then can be very sure of wrong thing), the exact seconds and minutes are lost. Furthermore that which is purely visual and not seen cannot be remembered. (Object permanence means that it is still understood to be there, but then it is a prediction of a reconstruction, inaccuracy on top of inaccuracy) The unseen clock does not exist.
>>
No. 996019 ID: 894419

>>994086
This is pretty smart, but also comfort like this suggestion: >>994172
>>
No. 998948 ID: d63ea8
File 162020102240.jpg - (305.69KB , 800x1067 , sEeThInG wItH dAyS.jpg )
998948

>Cover it somehow if possible, or maybe turn it away. The clock won't hurt us nearly as much if it's not in view. We want to stay in the memory though, to fix it.
Leaning Ourselves away from the phone-
It still presses in on every edge Us.
-We try to knock it away.

But it is sapping Our strength-
Our Potency.

>Look (Examine) AWAY FROM THE PHONE.
It takes all of Our remaining will, but We tear Our gaze away from the phone.

Various papers are framed and hang from the wall.

One appears to be a diploma from a university, denoting a bachelor in journalism.

The other is a framed newspaper from a publisher named ‘The Forantin Font’. The title reads:

‘ALL HAVE A SAY!’ ‘Pro-Democracy Reforms Pass’

The third frame sticks out. The deep cracks that run through the dark glass blur and shift, obscuring the contents beneath.

Beyond that the painted walls of this office are faded and the ceiling tiles are peppered with a light sprinkling of dust.
>>
No. 998949 ID: d63ea8
File 162020102637.jpg - (192.70KB , 800x1067 , The Fixed Moment Passes.jpg )
998949

Suddenly the pressure of time abates.

>The parent will say something like:
Let them in.

The words leave (Our?) mouth with little effort.

Woman: “Certainly sir.”

There is then a click from the phone’s speaker.
>>
No. 998950 ID: d63ea8
File 162020103130.jpg - (220.06KB , 800x1067 , Torn Out.jpg )
998950

>After the phone is done being used in the memory we can unplug it, which will completely deactivate the clock.
We hastily pull the plug from its socket, and the phone dies.
Life-fluids drip from its metal prongs.

>Understand and Comfort that though it looks like a clock it is a construct of memory, imprecise by nature, the exact moment of call start may be remembered with great precision (and even then can be very sure of wrong thing), the exact seconds and minutes are lost.
>Comfort like this.
We take a moment to Comfort... Ourselves.

We are stable.
We are Potent.
We are… okay.

This clock will not hurt Us now.

Yet… to Our Understanding the clock should not have functioned. It does not hold a count for the exact seconds of a moment, only its minutes. So why did We feel the weight of individual seconds?

These are Abbot’s memories, if he is not here, then what is being used to measure time?

>Furthermore that which is purely visual and not seen cannot be Remembered. (Object permanence means that it is still understood to be there, but then it is a prediction of a reconstruction, inaccuracy on top of inaccuracy) The unseen clock does not exist.
No. This is not the true clock. But there is an influence of time within this memory, and Abbot Remembers it with a perfect accuracy.

We will need to be on guard.
>>
No. 998951 ID: d63ea8
File 162020103991.jpg - (146.15KB , 800x1067 , Steadied Vision.jpg )
998951

>Examine Inkwell, but do not let go of the phone receiver or get out of the chair.
The inkwell remains in its place on the desk.

It is in very good condition, but appears unused.
The ink within has long since dried up.
Its plumage contrasts with the colour of the desk, naturally drawing one’s eye to it.

It appears to be used more as a statement than a tool.

>Also make sure the toy on the desk can't/doesn't operate. The regular noise it makes is like a measurement of time.
We have nothing that would muffle its sounds, and save for dismantling the toy entirely there is nothing We can do to impede its function. Except…
It is a metaphysical construct, and this is a memory.

We could merely Alter it. Have the toy be a solid chunk of material, rather than one with seperate moving parts. Yes, that may be the best choice.

The spheres become fused at the most minute level. They will not be pulled apart.


>I wonder if we can do these things outside of the memory? Well, minor changes like these while inside the memory should be fine. We should make sure the essence of truth comes through, that's the important part.
>This is pretty smart.
We may be limited in the scope of Our Alterations, as We do not hold the dominion of the brain, but small changes seem possible.
We will have to Test further.
>>
No. 998952 ID: d63ea8
File 162020113856.jpg - (265.58KB , 800x1067 , Arrival.jpg )
998952

>Can we use our Comfort action to ensure the memory plays out correctly, aside from the minor alterations to make it safe?

You are safe.

“We are here.

The door to the office opens...
>>
No. 998953 ID: d63ea8
File 162020114421.jpg - (307.30KB , 800x1067 , A Trio with Two More.jpg )
998953

And three figures enter.
The Solid figure gives a curt nod.

Abbot: “Father.”

The Dark one brushes past him and looks to the window, then crosses its arms.
... ... ...

The Tinted figure peeks over the edge of the desk, looking from the toy to Us.
... ..?
>>
No. 998954 ID: d63ea8
File 162020115196.jpg - (387.23KB , 800x1067 , A Few Little Thoughts.jpg )
998954

The Solid figure sits.

The Dark figure leans onto the back of the chair.
... … …

Abbot: “Is there a reason why you have the blinds drawn?”

The Tinted figure carefully creeps closer to the phone, peering at it.
... … ..?

>Examine what surrounds you or Inspect certain elements in greater detail.
>Explore. Though it may be limited.
>Commune with those nearby.
>Comfort with Empathy. Practice a new muscle.
>Test these ‘powers’ you have, possibly find answers.
>Evoke a word or a thought. Let it carry your will.
Abbot is close enough to the dreaming, but the Meat Demon will hear you.

>Divine the deeper meaning of this place.

>Abbot is looking at Us for an answer.
>Please Continue.
>>
No. 999000 ID: ecb3d0

The tinted one is much more observant, but also I'm not sure what we can really do here.
My guess would be something like cold welding is how the balls were fused by either de-oxidizing and/or ensuring no air between them. If this is the case it suggests we can do atomic/molecular scale manipulation.
I suggest we Alter the clock by (in rough order of preference) removing/destroying the liquid crystal layer of the top half of the LCD, disconnecting the backlight unit of the LCD, disconnecting the oscillator from the rest of the circuitry, or fog up (to the point of opaque) the top half of the LCD display. Any one of these should either disable the time-keeping function or perceivability of the time. (the reason the oscillator is so low is because other bits of circuitry may be dependent on the same clock signal for their timing, potentially rendering the whole device inoperable. If we could replace it with a similar average speed speed but suitably imprecise Being based clock signal producer that would probably be the optimal solution) We could then probably safely plug it back in to remain more true to the original memory.
If the tinted and dark figure are using sound we may be able to still the air or create a thin vacuum to block their sounds from reaching us/Abbot, ideally without impeding the solid figure's vocalizations. (or our own)
Regardless we will want to comfort us/Abbot. He is your father, he doesn't hate you. He may be disappointed in, angry at, frustrated or exasperated with you, but he still loves you. He isn't just throwing you out, he is here to give you a choice.
>>
No. 999039 ID: b1b4f3

>life-fluids drip from the metal prongs
What the- whose fluids are those?

Uh... is the father not doing anything? Do we need to predict what they're about to say? I don't think we really have enough information for a precise prediction... First, hang up the phone.

Try to stay true to what we can tell is going to happen: we know the father is giving Abbot some sort of choice involving the father not having to support him financially anymore, and it seems like Abbot chooses to be a writer and live on his own. I'm guessing the other choice he could've made is... to get a steady job? Work for his father, maybe? We do know the father gave the inkwell to him in the end, so he's supportive in a way.
If possible, put emphasis on the positive things the father says. Things like he'll grow stronger on his own, or that this is just part of being an adult, or that the father respects Abbot's choice even if he doesn't agree with it. Not saying he should say those specific things, but that's the general idea of what to reinforce here.
>>
No. 999053 ID: ecb3d0

>What the- whose fluids are those?
they seem to be the typical red so I assume Abbot's but yea wait that doesn't make sense, his blood is blue with us now, hmmmmmm. Might want to sample it. (only one prong though) if disabling the clock works we can sample it as we plug it back in.
>>
No. 999141 ID: b1b4f3

Oh if we're meant to do this bit by bit, then I guess the Father would respond to the question about the blinds with something about wanting privacy for this talk. And no interruptions, which is why the phone is off.
>>
No. 999431 ID: e5b672

>>999141
Yes, lets roll with this.
>>
No. 1000084 ID: d63ea8
File 162096268990.jpg - (201.32KB , 800x1067 , Clicks and Cuts.jpg )
1000084

>First, hang up the phone.
It is done.
All three figures watch Us silently.

>My guess would be something like cold welding is how the balls were fused by either de-oxidizing and/or ensuring no air between them. If this is the case it suggests we can do atomic/molecular scale manipulation.
Perhaps. It helps that this memory is in a more malleable state. If the changes remain small, then they should not be noticed.

>I suggest we Alter the clock by…
The construct is Altered easily enough. Its time-keeping display and functions should now be diasabled. There wasn’t so much a layer of crystals to destroy as there was a vague concept of a screen. The internal workings of the phone seem limited by Abbot’s innate knowledge of electronics. This might allow Us to make more ‘inaccurate’ Alterations, since these metaphysical constructs do not need to replicate the counterparts in reality.
>>
No. 1000085 ID: d63ea8
File 162096269493.jpg - (237.26KB , 800x1067 , Observing the Observer.jpg )
1000085

>The Tinted one is much more observant.
It had noticed the phone almost immediately, and now scrutinizes it carefully, trying to drink in every detail. Though this curiosity seems evenly matched with caution, as the Tinted figure halts its approach before getting too close.
... ..?

Just then We are able to hear (sense?) something else coming from the Tinted figure. Something that feels softer and more composed than the Devil.
>>
No. 1000086 ID: d63ea8
File 162096270064.jpg - (279.79KB , 800x1067 , Watched by the Watchful.jpg )
1000086

The Tinted figure looks up at Us. Its face changed from one of puzzlement to one of concern.
.??
>>
No. 1000087 ID: d63ea8
File 162096270699.jpg - (355.77KB , 800x1067 , Initial Friction.jpg )
1000087

>I'm not sure what we can really do here.
>Uh... is the father not doing anything? Do we need to predict what they're about to say? I don't think we really have enough information for a precise prediction...
It feels like the memory can play out on its own, but We have been given the ability to guide it on the exact path it takes. Whatever We offer might fit, so long as it does not deviate too strongly from the memory.

Again, it is difficult to place where these notions are coming from...

>Oh if we're meant to do this bit by bit, then I guess the Father would respond to the question about the blinds with something about wanting privacy for this talk. And no interruptions, which is why the phone is off.
>Yes, let's roll with this.

This is… a family matter. I didn’t want any distractions.

>(Incite)
The Solid figure bristles.
The Dark figure winces.

Abbot: “What, do you think I’m five? I’m not going to zone out mid conversation.

(Our?) mouth then moves of its own accord.

“Of course not Stauf.”

The Dark figure then straightens up, shoulders relaxed.
... ... ...

A sigh comes from the Solid figure as he looks away.

Abbot: “Sorry. It’s been a rough day.”

The Tinted one remains focused on Us.
... ... ...

Abbot: “The office seems busy. I take it that readership has gone up?”

“We’ve seen better days.”
>>
No. 1000089 ID: d63ea8
File 162096271171.jpg - (163.81KB , 800x1067 , An Aside.jpg )
1000089

>Regardless we will want to Comfort Us/Abbot.
We take a deep breath.

It is going to be alright. We are here. You are strong. We wiIl always be here to protect you.

The figures freeze, all of them staring at Us.

Abbot: “Thank you.”
>>
No. 1000091 ID: d63ea8
File 162096275236.jpg - (366.74KB , 800x1067 , Muted Bargaining.jpg )
1000091

>He is your father, he doesn't hate you. He may be disappointed in, angry at, frustrated or exasperated with you, but he still loves you. He isn't just throwing you out, he is here to give you a choice.
Stauf, you know you’re mother and I love you to pieces, and that we’d do anything to protect you.

The Dark figure tenses up, while the Tinted one sinks further behind the desk.
... ... ...

>(Turmoil)
The Solid figure remains still.

We’ve worked hard. Saved what we could…

The Dark figure looks away.
... ... ...

Abbot: “I know. I just… need more time.”

Abbot: “I’m on the verge of- something. Another semester, that’s all I need.”

“Stauf…”

(We?) give a weary sigh.
>>
No. 1000092 ID: d63ea8
File 162096275661.jpg - (188.73KB , 800x1067 , Torn Artery.jpg )
1000092

>What the- whose fluids are those?
Crimson life-fluids continuously drip from the prongs of the phone’s plug, but there is no clear source. It is as though the life-fluids are seeping from the plastic and metal itself.

>They seem to be the typical red so I assume Abbot's but yea wait that doesn't make sense, his blood is blue with us now, hmmmmmm. Might want to sample it. (Only one prong though)
We run Our centermost digits along the prong. It is warm to the touch and fresh life-fluids are smeared across Our form’s surface.

Abbot’s life-fluids have turned blue due to Our influence within him. So whose life-fluids are these?

>We could then probably safely plug it back in to remain more true to the original memory. We can sample it as we plug it back in.
Grabbing the plug in one hand, We lean past the desk in order to reach the electrical socket, and are greeted with a perplexing sight.

Life-fluids ooze from the mouth of the socket, run down the wall, and now soak into the carpet. This flow does not stop the phone from being plugged in, but the cord does twist slightly in Our grasp as We do so.

(Our?) mouth then moves again.

“Your mother an I are proud of you-”

(We?) hesitate.

“But at a certain point you need to make a life for yourself.”
>>
No. 1000093 ID: d63ea8
File 162096276150.jpg - (240.71KB , 800x1067 , Familiar Taste.jpg )
1000093

Bringing the bloodied fingers back to Our palm, We sample the life-fluids.

There is no doubt. These life-fluids belong to Abbot. We are within them.

This memory is trying to hide that fact.

Abbot: “That’s what I’m trying to do. I’m almost-”

Stauf.

(Our?) words cut in abruptly. They are measured, but cold.

“I’ve been in contact with the dean, and a handful of your professors.”

The Solid figure falls silent.
>>
No. 1000094 ID: d63ea8
File 162096276732.jpg - (397.55KB , 800x1067 , Distant Horizons.jpg )
1000094

“They were kind enough to send a few excerpts of your latest work and…”

The Solid figure folds his arms.

Abbot: “Not a fan I take it?”

“Stauf-”

Abbot: “Isn’t that the point of even going to university? To get better?”

“You’ve been getting into arguments with your teachers during their lectures.”

The Dark figure walks around the edge of the chair, hand trailing along the edge, and then closes its eyes.
... ... ...

The Solid figure closes his eyes and breathes for a moment.

Abbot: “I…”

He takes another deep breath.

Abbot: “It feels like we’re just scratching at the surface when it comes to our exercises and projects.”

Abbot: “Dad I-”

Again.

Abbot: “I want to do more than just write. It’s like there's an entire world’s worth of new experiences and feelings, just beyond our grasp…”

Abbot: “And if I can even convey a fraction of that… then…”

(We?) remain silent.

The Tinted figure continues to watch Us, but then a crease appears upon its brow.
... ... …

The Solid figure’s breath hitches.
>>
No. 1000095 ID: d63ea8
File 162096277483.jpg - (442.78KB , 800x1067 , Vacant Barrier.jpg )
1000095

>If the Tinted and Dark figure are using sound we may be able to still the air or create a thin vacuum to block their sounds from reaching us/Abbot, ideally without impeding the solid figure's vocalizations. (Or our own).
We Alter the air around the Tinted and Dark figures, creating a barrier to block out sound.

The Tinted figure shoots up, looking around wildly before turning to the Dark one.
?!? .!! !!!
..? ... …

The Solid figure rubs his forehead and temple.

(We?) shift uncomfortably in the chair.

Abbot: “I’m fine, just another headache.”
>>
No. 1000096 ID: d63ea8
File 162096281977.jpg - (378.33KB , 800x1067 , Growing Gloom.jpg )
1000096

The Dark figure begins to scan the room, specifically noting the door and window. The Tinted figure trembles in place.
...

>Try to stay true to what we can tell is going to happen:

“We need to talk about your tuition.”

The Solid figure remains silent.

“Stauf, your mother and I aren’t rich. Saving up enough for you took decades of work.”

Abbot: “I know. I’ll pay you ba-”

The Tinted figure suddenly snaps to the Solid one, placing a hand on his shoulder.
... ... …

Abbot: “I… I’ll do better.”

“Stauf… I’m afraid that isn’t an option right now.”

>We know the father is giving Abbot some sort of choice involving the father not having to support him financially anymore, and it seems like Abbot chooses to be a writer and live on his own.

“Your mother and I have talked about this…”

“And we think you might do better if you had some experience living on your own means.”
>>
No. 1000097 ID: d63ea8
File 162096282512.jpg - (341.96KB , 800x1067 , Crushing Pressure.jpg )
1000097

>I'm guessing the other choice he could've made is... to get a steady job? Work for his father, maybe? We do know the father gave the inkwell to him in the end, so he's supportive in a way.
>If possible, put emphasis on the positive things the father says.
I can set you up with a position here.

The pay isn’t great, and it will be long hours, but give it a year and you may even get a position as a columnist.

You can learn from experts, refine your writing style.

The Tinted figure glances around the room before focusing back on Us.
... ... …

The Solid figure recrosses his arms, but does not speak.

Please Stauf…

Take the position. You have an entire lifetime to grow.

The Dark figure starts to pace the parameter of the room.
...
>>
No. 1000098 ID: d63ea8
File 162096283160.jpg - (351.07KB , 800x1067 , Momentary Reprieve.jpg )
1000098

>Things like he'll grow stronger on his own, or that this is just part of being an adult, or that the father respects Abbot's choice even if he doesn't agree with it. Not saying he should say those specific things, but that's the general idea of what to reinforce here.
(We?) sigh.

No matter what, I’m certain that you’ll grow up into a strong young man.

This is just another step you need to take on your journey.

Ultimately, it is your choice.

The Tinted figure fidgets.
... ... ...

The Dark pauses in its patrol.
... ... ...
>>
No. 1000099 ID: d63ea8
File 162096283693.jpg - (284.58KB , 800x1067 , His Answer.jpg )
1000099

All three figures look at Us.
... ... ...
... ... ...

Abbot: “I can’t accept that.”

“What?”
>>
No. 1000100 ID: d63ea8
File 162096284165.jpg - (276.00KB , 800x1067 , Overwritten with Rage.jpg )
1000100

The Dark figure clutches its head.
!!!

>(Harm)
Abbot: “I said to go fuck yourself old man.


>Examine what surrounds you or Inspect certain elements in greater detail.
>Explore. Though it may be limited.
>Commune with those nearby.
>Comfort with Empathy. Practice a new muscle.
>Test these ‘powers’ you have, possibly find answers.
>Evoke a word or a thought. Let it carry your will.
Abbot is close enough to the dreaming, but the Meat Demon will hear you.

>Divine the deeper meaning of this place.

>React to what is happening.
>Please Continue.
>>
No. 1000113 ID: b1b4f3

Hey... what? These figures... they were earnestly trying to help. Smaller text in their heads show their true intentions. The larger text is not coming from them! I think that means they used to be helpful aspects of Abbot's mind, before getting tied to the aspect of the primitive hunt and... whatever the other one is.
If we can influence this "place" in the memory, then... let's do something overt. Try to push back against those shadowy tendrils, or outright sever them. Try to strengthen the figures themselves instead of isolating them.

Have the Father just ignore the red text. That was not said during this memory, was it? Reply with whatever the Father was going to say in response to "I can't accept that." Maybe you can give Abbot the impression he only said that inside his own head. Alternatively, we can outright rewind the memory. We can do this as many times as we need to, to get it right.

I feel like, in response to "I can't accept that", the Father would nod and say he expected Abbot to refuse. That's when the inkwell is given, and wishing Abbot good luck.
>>
No. 1000118 ID: ecb3d0

The figures' internal words suggest that Abbot was quite keen, at least before the demons. if the 'air wall' is still up take it down. Cut off the tendrils. Mimic the words inside the figures during the memory (we should be able to provided absorbing the life fluids of something is what permits that, they are within us, we were/are one for a time)
Primitive aspect of fear or prey I would guess to give a good flip side of the coin ((might guess like mouse demon for color but now really isn't the time to go Naming it))
>>
No. 1000194 ID: dfbac0

>>1000113
This makes sense, I think the red and white figures were once healthy, the red may have once been his drive and determination, while the white one was his caution and reasoning, but it seems the red one has been CORRUPTED somehow, and perhaps the white one as well. That's why it harmed Abbot when we tried to remove the red thoughts, they're a part of him, they've just been corrupted. try to Comfort the red thoughts and see if we can't find a way to cut the tendrils from them. I think the demon is actively trying to affect this memory, which might mean he knows we're here anyways, so we should consider Evoking a thought, perhaps to remove his effect.
>>
No. 1010849 ID: d63ea8
File 163192253625.jpg - (198.19KB , 800x1067 , Overwhelming Darkness.jpg )
1010849

>Hey... what? These figures... they were earnestly trying to help. Smaller text in their heads show their true intentions. The larger text is not coming from them! I think that means they used to be helpful aspects of Abbot's mind, before getting tied to the aspect of the primitive hunt and... whatever the other one is.
>This makes sense, I think the red and white figures were once healthy, the red may have once been his drive and determination, while the white one was his caution and reasoning, but it seems the red one has been CORRUPTED somehow, and perhaps the white one as well.
It would explain why these errant thoughts have such a profound impact on Abbot’s actions, and why they -even their twisted state- seem to still protect one another.
!!! !!!
!.-


>Primitive aspect of fear or prey I would guess to give a good flip side of the coin.
Perhaps. But there is also a self-destructive aspect to the fearful one, a constant weariness that makes it almost resigned to its fate as prey, and its continued persistence seems to feed into the fear. We may need to corner it for more details.

>That's why it harmed Abbot when we tried to remove the red thoughts, they're a part of him, they've just been CORRUPTED.
We were far too careless. It is clear to Us now that We must find where Abbot ends and this Corruption begins.

We’re… sorry Abbot.
>>
No. 1010850 ID: d63ea8
File 163192261342.gif - (4.86MB , 800x1067 , All-Consuming Darkness.gif )
1010850

>(Incite)
Abbot: “What, are you going deaf now?

!!! .!!

>Have the Father just ignore the red text. That was not said during this memory, was it? Reply with whatever the Father was going to say in response to "I can't accept that." Maybe you can give Abbot the impression he only said that inside his own head.
(Our?) mouth starts to open, but We close it just as quickly. Abbot wouldn’t have said that. This seems to provoke a reaction.

Abbot: “So what, now I get the silent treatment? After everything you’ve done to make my life hell?!

!!. !-

We do not respond.
>>
No. 1010851 ID: d63ea8
File 163192263430.jpg - (220.67KB , 800x1067 , Blind Swing.jpg )
1010851

The Solid figure rises from the chair and slams his hands onto the desk.

Abbot: “You were NEVER THERE! And the one time -ONE TIME- I decided to do things my way you-

>(Harm)
Abbot: “You were a terrible mentor, and an even worse father. The only reason why you aren’t alone is because they pity you. They judge you and they pity you.

!!. ...
>>
No. 1010852 ID: d63ea8
File 163192264196.jpg - (231.45KB , 800x1067 , Required Reflection.jpg )
1010852

>(...)
>(Red Thoughts weakened)

The Solid slams a fist onto the desk again, but it is weaker this time.

Abbot: “Because your- your…

He begins to sink down slowly.

Abbot: “you're a failure. you’ve fumbled every opportunity handed to you. wasted every second chance.

Abbot: “and now… you’ve run out of chances. you never listened. you never learned. you’re Nothing bu-”
>>
No. 1010853 ID: d63ea8
File 163192264894.jpg - (183.69KB , 800x1067 , Assertion.jpg )
1010853

Enough.
>>
No. 1010854 ID: d63ea8
File 163192270305.jpg - (267.67KB , 800x1067 , Fragmentary Blast.jpg )
1010854

>If we can influence this "place" in the memory, then... let's do something overt.
>Try to push back against those shadowy tendrils, or outright sever them.
>The figures' internal words suggest that Abbot was quite keen, at least before the demons. If the 'air wall' is still up, take it down. Cut off the tendrils.
We fold the invisible panes inward into a gyre of blades. Ripping the air into the most miniscule of slices.

But this manifestation of Corruption is immaterial and Our construct does not harm it.
>>
No. 1010855 ID: d63ea8
File 163192272746.jpg - (209.28KB , 800x1067 , To Console.jpg )
1010855

>Mimic the words inside the figures during the memory (we should be able to, provided absorbing the life fluids of something is what permits that, they are within us, we were/are one for a time)
>Try to Comfort the (Red Thoughts) and see if we can't find a way to cut the tendrils from them.
We... speak.

... ... ...

The tendrils start to shake as a Corrupted figure pushes themselves up from behind the chair.
.̵̱̄.̵̲͂.̶̞͠ ̸̨̎ .̷̺͛.̵͍̓.̶̼̉ ̴̤̆.̶̞́.̷̢̑.̵͓́

The Tinted figure turns and seems to react to both the Corrupted figure and the darkness that holds it.
.?!
>>
No. 1010856 ID: d63ea8
File 163192273510.jpg - (235.64KB , 800x1067 , And Inspire.jpg )
1010856

We press on.
... ... ...

The Corrupted figure begins to resolidify as the haze around it fades.
.̸̢̈́.̶͎̃͊.̸͖͍̈́ .̴.̷.̵ ...

The Tinted begins to back up with slow smooth movements. It looks between the Solid and Dark figures.
..? … .!-

Its eyes lock onto the Solid figure’s wrist.
>>
No. 1010857 ID: d63ea8
File 163192274354.jpg - (233.63KB , 800x1067 , Spatial Realization.jpg )
1010857

>Try to strengthen the figures themselves instead of isolating them.
For a moment We pause. How would We..?

The Dark figure struggles with the tendrils as the Corruption resurges.
... ..?

Scrambling back to the chair the Tinted grabs onto the Solid figure’s arm. Its face is awash in surprise, and then puzzlement.
.?? ..-

It seems no amount of Comforting will truly remove the Corruption. Abbot is only mortal, he cannot remove with his own ability, and We cannot Evoke it away without harming him.
>>
No. 1010858 ID: d63ea8
File 163192275162.jpg - (258.32KB , 800x1067 , Force of Body and Will.jpg )
1010858

But there is one source of strength for Us, isn’t there?

Potency, something that can be both given and taken. It will be a risk, but even a fraction of a fraction should make a difference.

We Feed a mote of Our Potency into the Dark and Tinted figures.

Though We are overtaken by a… familiarity.
>>
No. 1010859 ID: d63ea8
File 163192285379.gif - (4.08MB , 800x1067 , A Mote of Possibility.gif )
1010859

We have done this before…
>>
No. 1010860 ID: d63ea8
File 163192289848.jpg - (313.40KB , 800x1067 , Imbued with a Spark.jpg )
1010860

The difference is instantaneous.
>(_____ strengthened)
>(______ strengthened)
>Acolyte imbued, (Potency reduced).
>>
No. 1010861 ID: d63ea8
File 163192290985.jpg - (257.02KB , 800x1067 , The Pale One is Sharp.jpg )
1010861

>I feel like, in response to "I can't accept that", the Father would nod and say he expected Abbot to refuse.
(We?) nod, and start speaking on (Our?) own.

“You’ve always been brave, and maybe a bit stubborn.”

(We?) chuckle.

“I can’t say that I’m surprised, but I’ll respect your decision.”

... … ..?
The Solid figure sits back down on the chair, but remains silent.

Abbot: “I Remember now…”

“Just know that no matter what happens, your mother and I are proud of you. And… I hope you find whatever you’re looking for.”

The Dark figure leans over the back of the chair, inspecting the cuts along its edges.
... … …
>>
No. 1010862 ID: d63ea8
File 163192291633.jpg - (262.72KB , 800x1067 , Sleight of Mind.jpg )
1010862

>That's when the inkwell is given, and wishing Abbot good luck.
The inkwell is already in (Our?) hand.

“Here. It served me well when I was just in a dingy basement, writing pamphlets with some friends. Take it.”

Abbot: “Dad-”

Take it. Ink is already going to be pricey on your new budget. You’ll need all the handouts you can get.”

Abbot: “No-
... … …
.?-

Abbot: “I mean- sorry. Of course... I’ll take it.”

(We?) chuckle again, but it is more hollow this time.
>>
No. 1010863 ID: d63ea8
File 163192292205.jpg - (248.39KB , 800x1067 , A Diversion.jpg )
1010863

The Solid figure takes the inkwell from (Us?)

Abbot: “Thank you…”

The Dark shifts around the back of the chair and narrows its eyes at Us.
... ..?

It looks as though the Solid figure is about to leave, but he remains seated.

Abbot: “I should’ve been around more, and I should’ve been honest from the start.”

Abbot: “Maybe it wouldn’t have gotten to this point if I told you how the classes weren’t… working.”

Abbot: “But it was too late at this point, and I know you cared. Even if it was hard for me to Remember at the time.”

(We?) don’t seem to react.

Abbot: “And with everything else well… I just hope it isn’t too late at this point.

>I think the demon is actively trying to affect this memory, which might mean he knows we're here anyways, so we should consider Evoking a thought, perhaps to remove his effect.
The Corruption here doesn’t seem to be reacting to Us directly, more so it to the actions (We?) take within the memory.

We seem to have made progress here, and if We were to Evoke with the right words We could heal this node entirely.

>Alternatively, we can outright rewind the memory. We can do this as many times as we need to, to get it right.
That should be within Our power. Though the Demon might stumble across Us if it begins to wander.

Or We could let it play out as is.

>Examine what surrounds you or Inspect certain elements in greater detail.
>Explore. Though it may be limited.
>Commune with those nearby.
>Comfort with Empathy. Practice a new muscle.
>Test these ‘powers’ you have, possibly find answers.
>Evoke a word or a thought. Let it carry your will.
Abbot is close enough to the dreaming, but the Meat Demon will hear you.

>Divine the deeper meaning of this place.

>Try to rewind the memory?
>Please Continue.
>>
No. 1010868 ID: dfbac0

Healing this node is a very tempting but it will most certainly bring the Demon or at least alert him, so while healing the node would be amazing, the risk is great.
We shouldn't try to evoke anything unless we are certain of the word that would heal this node.
However if we are certain what that word is I say we should, we may not have a chance like this again. However I doubt it would be as simple as saying "I believe in you".
Trying to rewind the memory could be troublesome, maybe we should let it play out and then try and play the memory again, that way we don't miss anything and it doesn't abruptly end here.
Also... Try and Divine the tinted and dark figures, perhaps with the corruption out of the way for the moment we can learn more about their true nature and even their original names.
>>
No. 1010869 ID: 96c896

>>1010863
The pale figure is investigating, and Abbot is stalling. That's not bad, exactly, but I worry for the memory. They would DEFINITELY notice rewinding, at this point... We seem to have helped Abbot Remember, anyway. Job's done. Also if we rewind, what happens to the potency we lost? Do the figures retain their strength as well?

Eh, may as well be a bit more obvious. Tell Abbot that now that he Remembers what's important, there's no need to linger. He should get on with it, so you can get back to work. ...there is much work to be done...
>>
No. 1010908 ID: b4ab25

We have been given the lengths of their names 5 for the Dark Figure and 6 for the Tinted Figure I suspect Tinted may be 'Reason' possibly 'Wonder'
less good ideas for the Dark Figure, 'Pride' 'Drive' 'Might' 'Power' 'Logic'

I believe the memory may be handled enough at this point that we can leave it for the moment. However, it is not 'fixed'. Right now it shows clear tampering, which is improvement but very much not ideal. Knowing you can't trust your own memories will be distressing, but is better than trusting false ones. We will need to come back and rewind this memory before we leave abbot's mind. Possibly experience it from the Inkwell's point of view as >>994080 "It would Remember what he would see. And record it." Which suggests it may be able to provide us a baseline 'here is what happened' though likely without the feelings and reasoning.
>>1010869
>They would DEFINITELY notice rewinding, at this point
This depends on the nature of the rewind. If it rewinds them it will either delete, return, or be as if they always had the potency. They may or may not have their minds rewound too. To have certainty we need more information. That information may perhaps be found outside of this memory we still have much of Abbot's mind to explore. I feel our ability to properly fix this memory may be similar to that of a monkey on a typewriter at the current moment; that we need more information found elsewhere to solve this puzzle by reason rather than luck.
I want to suggest we leave the father's figure and investigate what Tinted is doing, but
>The Corruption here doesn’t seem to be reacting to Us directly, more so it to the actions (We?) take within the memory.
gives me pause, as it may then detect us as a separate actor in the memory rather than what may be the 'usual' Abbot fighting the changes, should we separate from the father figure.
Now while I think we can trust the Dark and Tinted figures to have Abbot's interests at heart, they seem mistrustful of us. As such I do not trust what Tinted is doing and suggest withdrawing from the memory at this point.
>>990272 Suggests we should not linger here in particular.
As for the planned ruse, that was kind of already messed up, thus while we are close I suggest we explore this >>990274 way as it suggests the promise of both bait and trap for the ((Meat)) demon


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason