[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki] :: [Discord]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Embed (advanced)   Help
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 25600 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 160599362625.png - (675.17KB , 1500x1060 , SORCERY .png )
981539 No. 981539 ID: 8fb3ba

On a solitary tree atop a remote hillock devoid of civilization, a sorcery fruit grows on a branch. After approximately 100 years the fruit has ripened, and is now ready to burst open and bring forth a new sorcerer unto the world.
Expand all images
>>
No. 981540 ID: 8fb3ba
File 160599368651.png - (314.00KB , 1500x1060 , FORMATION.png )
981540

Sorcerer
Homo Sorcerous

The Sorcerer is an odd creature, born of fruit and brought into the material world fully formed and cognizant.

The Sorcerer is often if not always born clothed with garment on body; whether it be cloak, coat, or armor, and garment on head; whether it be hat, helmet, or mask.

The Sorcerer is often if not always born knowing it's own name, some having as many as 50 names

The Sorcerer is often if not always born with a human-like form, though it may have a number of abnormalities such as multiple eyes, fingers, arms, etc.

The Sorcerer is often if not always born with one type of magic it can perform, whether it be specific with one application, or broad with great versatility .

The Sorcerer is often if not always born with what it will claim is an "Infinite Psyche".

The Infinite Psyche is often if not always responsible for deciding the sorcerer's garb, form ,powers, and name in the moments before it is given life

Describe the sorcerer's clothing (body wear and head wear)
Describe the sorcerer's form (body-type and abnormalities)
Describe the sorcerer's type of magic
Say the sorcerer's name(s)
or let the sorcerer choose it all for itself…

>>
No. 981541 ID: 0fae41

Short robe, and an emerald circlet.
A tall woman with two long arms where wings might grow, and a wasp head - all the better to cast somatic components, my dear!
Subtraction magic - sapping, reducing, and making suckers disappear.
Ploetho Hecate Matilda Thatcher!
>>
No. 981542 ID: 02ac5f

Big tiddy goth futa gf
>>
No. 981543 ID: 43f289

Summoning magic.
>>
No. 981544 ID: e7c7d3

I'm thinking something loose and poofy. Definitely need a sash across the chest
For form, perhaps the addition of horns and a third eye
Geomancy, particularly growth and manipulation of crystals
Name: Shu
>>
No. 981545 ID: 6e6f32

Body Wear: A simple, flowing, dark, single piece raiment capable of covering the entire body from the neck down. Perhaps reminiscent of the burial garb of common folk in a time long past.

Head Wear: Matching hood with a lighter, drab yet delicate veil, capable of covering the entire head and face. The light material is more or less transparent from the inside, allowing the wearer to see. At least during the day.

Body Type: Adult Human Male. Noticeably but not abnormally taller than average, with a slight build.

Abnormalities: 100% Transparent Skin. Blood, bone, muscle, and innards are all on horrific display for all to see.

Magic: Flesh Weaving: With a touch and a thought flesh of all sorts can be healed, wounded, enhanced, degraded, bisected, combined, weakened, invigorated, and more.
The more the sorcerers flesh is obscured, the weaker his powers. Isolation counts as obscuration. Conversely, a large number of witnesses enhance his powers.
The power works on all flesh. Living, dead or otherwise.
The power does not work instantly, does not inherently deaden pain, and does not inherently suspend vital processes.
The results are permanent, as if they were mundane surgery.
The sorcerer can use the power on himself, but significant alteration of his form may count as obscuration.

Name: For now he will be known simply as The Weaver.
May his achievements grant him countless titles!
>>
No. 981547 ID: 36784c

>>981540
>body-type
A tall woman.

>abnormalities
Horns growing from her head, sharp claws on her hands, and a long prehensile reptilian tail.

>magic
>>981544
This.

>name
Ryoka
>>
No. 981549 ID: 9c1ef3

>>981547
>>981544
gimme dem crystals
>>
No. 981550 ID: 094652

>>981542
Sure why not.
>>
No. 981551 ID: 8fb3ba
File 160600110454.png - (499.15KB , 1500x1060 , Ryoka Shu Ploetha Hecate .png )
981551

>>981544
>>981547
>>981549
>>981541

Ryoka-Shu Ploetha Hecate

The name echoes thorough her head as the sorcerer fruit bursts into light and juice.

The crystalline magic flows through her veins

The sun is shining.

Ryoka-Shu scans the horizon, taking in the scenery of the world she was brought into, before the sound of footsteps get closer...
>>
No. 981552 ID: 8fb3ba
File 160600111590.png - (539.01KB , 1500x1060 , Discovored .png )
981552

FOOTSOLDIER 1: LOOK SIR! The fruit's BURST already! The sorcerer's already been born!
FOOTSOLDIER 2: What are we going to do now? You can't eat the fruit now that it's been obliterated!
>>
No. 981553 ID: 8fb3ba
File 160600112770.png - (565.25KB , 1500x1060 , Happy's Gourmands .png )
981553

CAPTAIN: Say men...Now that it's burst who's to say we can't simply eat the sorcerer? It's still young, we could probably overpower it.
FOOTSOLDIER 3: YEAH! And there's more to EAT now! It'll be a FEAST!
CAPTAIN: EXACTLY! SOLDIERS: ADVANCE

The smell of rusted iron fills the air.

Ryoka-Shu turns to see the squad of oddly dressed soldiers approaching her rather quickly
>>
No. 981554 ID: e7c7d3

Time to defend thyself. Create a crystal barrier between you and these weirdos
>>
No. 981555 ID: b1b4f3

Growth and manipulation of crystals, huh?
Well, it should be very easy to make a field of crystal caltrops.
Could also try making crystal armor and weapons, though I am not sure exactly what type of crystal would be best. Could try crystal projectiles...
Something that could be very difficult would be to grow crystals in their bodies. Even just calcium crystals to seize up their joints would be effective, like super-arthritis.
>>
No. 981556 ID: 36784c

>>981553
Have some extra sharp crystals sprout from the ground to impale them.
>>
No. 981557 ID: 0fae41

Retain the high ground. Create a crystal spire to distance yourself from these bucketheads.
>>
No. 981558 ID: 8fb3ba
File 160600487052.png - (566.36KB , 1500x1060 , Crystal Wall.png )
981558

>>981554
Ryoka-Shu raises a wall of crystals, colliding with two of the weirdos and stopping the rest as they watch their comrades limply tumble through the air.

It smells like blood and rock-candy now...
>>
No. 981559 ID: 8fb3ba
File 160600488937.png - (157.69KB , 1500x1060 , Leap.png )
981559

The Captain screams from behind the wall

CAPTAIN: You should be honored to be a main course for Happy's Gourmands!

A figure leaps up into the air over the wall, the captain wields a large cleaver

CAPTAIN: I'll make sure to gat a fatty cut when I eat YOU!
>>
No. 981561 ID: 3de9d0

Encase his cleaver in a block of crystal.
>>
No. 981563 ID: 36784c

>>981559
Make sure to dodge out of the way.

And we can create and manipulate crystals, right? Then let’s manipulate the crystal wall we created to have a crystal shaped fist extend out of it to punch him out of the air!
>>
No. 981564 ID: 6e6f32

Summon forth a thick woven asbestos sash to deflect the blow with as you dodge!
>>
No. 981567 ID: 5950e9

>>981559
wow, that's a pretty cool pose, jumping blindly over a wall after your enemy is pretty sweet...

be a real shame if there was just a big comfy bed of crystalline spikes on the other side
>>
No. 981577 ID: 2aa5f0

summon a bunch of crystals around the size of one of your fist to float between you and the captain and then magnify the light inside of them to create a blinding flash to blind the captain while he's still in the air.
>>
No. 981637 ID: 0fae41

Harden yourself against his attack. Sorry captain, don't you know wasps ruin picnics?
>>
No. 981652 ID: b1b4f3

>>981559
Manipulate the crystal wall itself to strike at him from behind.
>>
No. 981660 ID: 8fb3ba
File 160601171115.png - (268.58KB , 1500x1060 , Blinded.png )
981660

>>981577
Ryoka-Shu creates a group of floating crystals and uses them to magnify the sun's light into a blinding flash.
>>
No. 981661 ID: 8fb3ba
File 160601171638.png - (580.34KB , 1500x1060 , Shish-kebab.png )
981661

>>981567
With his vision impaired the Captain cannot react to the bed of sharp crystals that spring from the ground.

RYOKA-SHU: You should've known wasps ruin picnic's tin-can.

Ryoka's first words are very cool, and she feels incredibly cool for saying them.

Ryoka-Shu hears his death rattles mixed with the cries of his men as the few that remain retreat.

Ryoka's first moments alive are minutes of sweet victory
>>
No. 981662 ID: 8fb3ba
File 160601172202.png - (475.01KB , 1500x1060 , A Stranger.png )
981662

Ryoka-Shu hears footsteps coming from behind her.

???: I was worried in the minutes I was gone trouble would rear it's head. Though it seems I was worried for nothing

From behind the tree a stranger speaks

???: Even a young sorcerer is still dangerous, but do not worry. I am not here to harm you.
>>
No. 981698 ID: b1b4f3

>>981662
Say hello.
>>
No. 981725 ID: 36784c

>>981662
Greet the friendly person.

Ask why those men wanted to eat you?
>>
No. 981728 ID: 2aa5f0

summon a few small but pointy crystals to float around you so that if this person proves to be hostile you can fling them at the person and skewer them and if they are telling the truth and they mean you no harm then you still just look very stylish with the crystals floating around you.

Oh and move to a point so you can see who's speaking to you... and try to keep your distance, you haven't really tried to see how strong you are up close but you do seem to be quiet effect at range so stick to what you know and all that.
>>
No. 981739 ID: e7c7d3

Ask what they're here for, then?
>>
No. 981740 ID: 0fae41

Who might you be, so helpful to an up and coming natural disaster?
>>
No. 981742 ID: 8fb3ba
File 160602993167.png - (402.31KB , 1500x1060 , Enok Ridan.png )
981742

Ryoka steps back and prepares a couple of crystals, in case the stranger isn't as friendly as he seems.

Ryoka-ShuWho were these people? Why did they want to eat me?
???: The Happy Gourmands will eat anything that is rare and exotic, the heathens aren't above attempting to eat sorcerer fruit either the scoundrels! I don't know how they could've found this place though! I kept it so well hidden…
Ryoka-Shu: You kept this place hidden? And just who are you?
???: Ah! Of course I must introduce myself!

The stranger springs into view

Enok: I am Enok Ridan of the 29th Highway! Road Nomad and Expert Wizard! It is my privilege to tend to the Roads that bind the worlds together and occasionally guide those that wish to use them!
Enok: I understand why you look at me with caution, but it is I who tended to you while you were just a fruit! Shutting off the roads leading too and from this place, plucking the smile-worms from the branches, and occasionally warding off beasts that wished to eat you!
Enok: My apologies for leaving you unattended! I had to step away to converse with the Illuminated Triad for a second! Luckily you were born just in time to defend yourself!

Ryoka relaxes a little

Ryoka-Shu: I am Ryoka-Shu Ploetha Hecate, but I guess Ryoka-Shu or just Ryoka will do, why go through all the trouble to preserve my tree?
Enok: Why! Because you're a sorcerer of course! Your kind are revered in many places, including the Caravan of the Road Nomads! It wouldn't be right not to help!
Enok: But…I will admit my intentions are not driven solely by reverence. I was also hoping you could help me, help us all.
>>
No. 981743 ID: 8fb3ba
File 160602994325.png - (426.65KB , 1500x1060 , The Pot Hole.png )
981743

Enok: You see Ryoka-Shu, something has arisen on The Roads that could spell doom for all of us…
Enok: A malignant force that spills forth evil and despair onto the pavement and beyond. The Pot Hole
Enok: All attempts to close or seal the hole have been met with failure, many Road nomads have been sent to the afterlife, and when I found your fruit I had hoped a sorcerer could help!
Enok: Now I know well enough that I cannot force a sorcerer to do what they do not wish to, but I am low on options. Ryoka-Shu Ploetha Hecate, would you please aid me in sealing The Pot Hole and keeping the Roads, and what lie beyond it, safe?
>>
No. 981744 ID: 0fae41

Oh no! The pot hole is turning into a plot hole!

How big is this hole? Let's just cap it off with some shiny rock.
>>
No. 981745 ID: b1b4f3

This man is almost like a father, considering he tended your tree. Accept if only from a sense of familial duty.

First we have to find out how the Gourmands found this place. You didn't kill all of them. Capture the survivors and interrogate them.
>>
No. 981746 ID: 2aa5f0

well it's not like we have anything better to do right now... and he does seem to have a good idea on how the world beyond your tree works so he could make for a rather informative traveling companion. Especially if he's traveled as much as his titles imply.

Like one question you could ask is what is the difference between a wizard and a sorcerer.
>>
No. 981756 ID: 094652

"Okay daddy~"
>>
No. 981766 ID: 36784c

>>981745
This
>>
No. 981767 ID: 5950e9

>>981743
Sure I don't see any reason not to, I assume we count as on the Roads or beyond them so it's in our best interest to stop this pot hole nonsense
>>
No. 981774 ID: 66d80e

>>981743
Let's help plug that hole.
>>
No. 981777 ID: ce39da

"And what sort of magic would we need? It is unknown whether my mastery over crystal geomancy will plug this 'Pot Hole.' Or are we not expected to seal it directly from the outside?"
>>
No. 981779 ID: 8fb3ba
File 160607607463.png - (643.11KB , 1500x1060 , Ryoka-Shu and Enok Ridan.png )
981779

>>981745
>This man is almost like a father, considering he tended your tree. Accept if only from a sense of familial duty.
Ryoka-Shu has no experience with parental figures or family, and it's likely no sorcerer does. She wouldn't consider this man anything close to family as she's just met him, though she does appreciate what he's done.

>>981756
This makes Ryoka gag and she isn't sure why

>>981744
Ryoka-Shu: And why not plug this hole with a rock or something?
Enok: If it were that easy I wouldn't ask a sorcerer for help. This is no mere divot in asphalt, it is something we must dive into to end once and for all.
Ryoka-Shu: Yeah, it seems like this disaster will sweep me up in it as well. I'll help you.
Enok: Excellent!
>>
No. 981780 ID: 8fb3ba
File 160607609734.png - (539.04KB , 1500x1060 , Door to the Roads.png )
981780

Ryoka-Shu: You said you were a wizard, is that different from being a sorcerer?
Enok: Years of practice. I'm still human who had to learn how to use magic, and even still my spells don't match up to the power of a sorcerer. Your magic is more potent, it's biologically a part of you, meanwhile using too much magic will give make me pass out.

Enok raises his hand and a large metal gate falls from the sky.

Enok: Our path to the roads
Ryoka-Shu: Wait, shouldn't we get the rest of those can head freaks? I didn't kill all of them. Shouldn't we figure out how they got here?
Enok: Compared to The Pot Hole they're small fish, unless you really want to catch the stragglers. Those two aren't the last of them anyway, the Happy Gourmands are larger than five people.
>>
No. 981781 ID: b1b4f3

Ah, I think I know how they found this place. They have a wizard too. Still, that's a problem we can tackle later.

Ask what the Roads are. And also where is this wizard's beard? Wizards have to have beards. It's a rule.
>>
No. 981782 ID: 36784c

>>981780
>catch the Happy Gourmands?
Nah, we can deal with them later. Let’s get moving.

>>981781
>And also where is this wizard's beard? Wizards have to have beards. It's a rule.
He might’ve tragically lost it and his arm in an epic battle and hasn’t been able to regrow it ever since then.
>>
No. 981784 ID: f2320a

>>981782
support
>>
No. 981787 ID: 8fb3ba
File 160608183621.png - (399.08KB , 1500x1060 , Upwards Beard.png )
981787

>>981781
Ryoka-Shu: They probably had a wizard too, that must be how they found this place.
Enok: It's unfortunate when the talented use their skills for such barbaric activities
Ryoka-Shu: Yeah...Hey don't wizards have beards? Where's yours?
Enok: Oh! It's under my cone! I grew it upwards! It's a fashion statement that's all the rage on the 29th Highway!
>>
No. 981788 ID: 8fb3ba
File 160608184331.png - (937.07KB , 1500x1060 , Enter the Road.png )
981788

Ryoka-Shu: Well, let's worry about the tin cans later, let's go cover up that hole. What are the roads anyway?
Enok: Paths that connect a number of lands together into what is known as The Circuit. Created by the gracious Bitumon to bring unity to a fractured world.
Enok: The Pot Hole is due north, there are a number of roads we can take to get there.
Ryoka-Shu: Why can't you drop a gate portal thing that teleports us there?
Enok: After the last assault on The Pot Hole it's learned how to give off disruptive energy that messes with the road entries I can summon, we will have to walk.

Enok puts a hand to his cone and thinks

Enok: We can pass through Octo's Flotilla, it's an alright city to pass through. We might even manage to pick up some cheese on the way!
Enok: If not there than we can head up into the Dump, that place is crawling with giant bugs and other critters but nothing either of us can't handle.
Enok: Or we can go down into the Flowstone Mines, plenty of workers digging up flowstone and neon there.
Enok: What do you think? Anyway we take should get us closer all the same, long as we don't get held up or distracted.
>>
No. 981791 ID: 0fae41

The Dump sounds like a fun place to salvage some junk, we could use all the random pieces of trash we can find for our upcoming battle with negative space.
Are those... intestines? Balloons? under the roads? What do they do?
>>
No. 981793 ID: 36784c

>>981788
Let’s head to Octo's Flotilla, we can pick up supplies that we might need for the fight against The Pot Hole.

Should also consider getting something to eat. Being born and having to defend yourself works up an appetite.

>We might even manage to pick up some cheese on the way!
Ask Enok what cheese is and why it’s so important? Then ask if it’s something that you can eat?
>>
No. 981794 ID: e7c7d3

Head to the mines. Pick up some flowstone
>>
No. 981795 ID: b1b4f3

>>981787
A TRUE WIZARD!
>>981788
I feel like we should head to the Dump to get some more combat experience.
>>
No. 981797 ID: ce39da

"And cheese is... good? Or is flowstone more useful to us?"
>>
No. 981798 ID: 2aa5f0

HEAD TO THE DUMP!

oh and earlier you said your crystals smelled like rock candy... could you make a rock candy crystal to snack on while you travel? Maybe offer one to your new friend as well if it taste good... and hope it doesn't get stuck in his beard.
>>
No. 981804 ID: 7eb947

Definitely the dump.
>>
No. 981805 ID: 8fb3ba
File 160609295987.png - (701.08KB , 1500x1060 , To the Dump.png )
981805

Ryoka-Shu: The dump
Enok: Okay we-...wait really?!
Ryoka-Shu: What? we might be able to dig up some useful stuff there if we need it.
Enok: B-but I was sure you'd want to go to the Flotilla when you heard about the cheese!
Ryoka-Shu: Enok I don't even know what cheese is, the things I do and do not know about are randomly selected when I was born for some reason and cheese was left out.
Enok: it's food and it's really good and-
Ryoka-Shu: And if you didn't want me choosing you shouldn't have given me the choice.
>>
No. 981806 ID: 8fb3ba
File 160609297549.png - (498.26KB , 1500x1060 , Rock Candy.png )
981806

Ryoka-Shu: Here, if you're hungry I can make rock candy for you to eat
Enok...but I hate sweet stuff.
>>
No. 981807 ID: 8fb3ba
File 160609298565.png - (601.73KB , 1500x1060 , Promenade.png )
981807

Ryoka and Enok head for the Dump

The roads smell like sirloin steak and asphalt

Ryoka-Shu: So are what are these organs under the roads for?
Enok: They're the foundations! Made of Bitumon's own intestines, they keep it all floating and connected
Ryoka-Shu: Gross
>>
No. 981808 ID: 8fb3ba
File 160609299771.png - (766.97KB , 1500x1060 , The Dump.png )
981808

Ryoka and Enok arrive at the dump

The oddly pleasant smell of meat has been replaced with the acrid stench of garbage

Enok: And here we are! The dump!
Ryoka-Shu: Big place.
Enok: Yes! lots of refuse, though some still useful if we look...What were you hoping to find here anyway?
>>
No. 981809 ID: 0fae41

Stuff thrown away by mistake or by folly. Whose trash is getting dumped here anyway? Wizard trash could have some (not-so-)shiny magical items still. Maybe even cheese!
>>
No. 981810 ID: 2aa5f0

maybe you'll get lucky and find something to help plug the pot hole. Also ask about the pot hole, like what kind of problems has it been causing.
>>
No. 981811 ID: b1b4f3

>>981808
Bugs that taste good. If they're big, that means they have more meat.
What? You've got the mouthparts of an insectivore. It's only natural.
>>
No. 981816 ID: 7eb947

DvD box sets from a forgotten age. Hopefully full of dread knowledge.

But, like, not looking too hard, just keeping an eye out for the good stuff while we walk to the pot hole.
>>
No. 981846 ID: 8fb3ba
File 160610949689.png - (324.00KB , 1500x1060 , Dumpster Diving.png )
981846

Ryoka dives into the trash heap below

Ryoka-Shu: Anything someone might've thrown away on accident, or justt things that are useful, or things that are neat.
Enok: I wouldn't have taken you for a sorcerer that loves to dumpster dive, not at first glance anyway.
Ryoka-Shu: Are you gonna get down here and help?
Enok: I'll search for "valuable" treasure from up here thank you! Maybe I'll even find some nice big bugs for you to eat.
Ryoka-Shu: The hell makes you think I eat bugs?
Enok: Wasps eat other bugs do they not?
Ryoka-Shu: Maybe, I don't know, and besides this is a mask!
>>
No. 981847 ID: 8fb3ba
File 160610950822.png - (465.20KB , 1500x1060 , Still Dumpster Diving.png )
981847

Ryoka-Shu: Maybe I'd eat a bug if it was cooked properly, well seasoned, maybe fried.
Enok: Why do you know about seasonings and fried food but not about cheese?
Ryoka-Shu: Same reason I was born fully grown with a wasp mask on, sorcerer's are weird.
Enok: Indeed. You know the odds of finding anything magical in the garbage are quite low, people tend not to simply toss enchanted baubles into the dumpster. Wizards are very careful with the items they make. You won't be long will you?
Ryoka-Shu: Don't worry I can move and look around.

Ryoka's nose get's used to the smell of garbage fast.
>>
No. 981848 ID: b1b4f3

Hmm you can manipulate crystals, shouldn't that let you sense them as well? Look for items with crystals in them, should be interesting to see what you get.

Also maybe you can snare that spiky worm with a crystal prison to get a better look.
>>
No. 981849 ID: 36784c

That’s a mask?! I thought it was her face!

>>981847
You’ve got a big spikey worm to your right. You might get a chance to eat it if you can find a way to cook it!
>>
No. 981862 ID: 2aa5f0

wait you're not part bug? Huh and here I was thinking you had chitin and scales under your clothes. Shame as that would have made you a little more durable than most. Wait does that mean your full reptilian? Because if so I don't think you can eat cheese as I'm pretty sure reptiles can't eat cheese.

Oh and you might want to make a crystal platform for you to stand on and grow some sharp crystals sticking out of the bottom incase that worm thing behind you isn't friendly and tries to take a bite out of you. Also speaking of the worm ask Enok if he has any idea what it is.
>>
No. 981864 ID: ef19c8

Search for radios.
If one has an intact quartze crystal within, we can learn the right dimensions of crystal to use it's frequency!
>>
No. 981869 ID: a9af05

>>981847
Watch out for the big spikey worm that's trying to sneak up on you!
>>
No. 981900 ID: ce39da

Raise a bunch of crystal plateaus to get a cross-section of the deep stuff.

"... Come to think of it, I did understand that cheese was a kind of food, but you spoke of it with such emphasis that I assumed there was something I was missing."
>>
No. 981918 ID: 8fb3ba
File 160619394723.png - (686.11KB , 1500x1060 , Trash Worm.png )
981918

>>981862
Ryoka is plenty sturdy without chitin, she's no mere human and she's not a reptile. Sorcerer biology normally just superficially resembles other creatures.

>>981848
Ryoka can sense her crystals, but when using them to dig through mountains of garbage she won't know if what she's sensing is a useful item or another bag of trash.

>Worm
Ryoka raises a pillar to avoid the trash worm burrowing around her. The creature smashes face first into the crystal, but quickly proceeds to continue it's attack on Ryoka.
>>
No. 981919 ID: 8fb3ba
File 160619399218.png - (439.10KB , 1500x1060 , Confinement.png )
981919

Enok: YIELD

Enok points a finger at the worm and a large conical prison surrounds it.

It smells like warm plastic and pixie sticks

Enok: Filth Annelids, pesky things are about again. They're not usually up this close to the surface of the trash though, must be spawning season.
Ryoka-Shu: ...Hey do you smell that?
Enok: No, My beard plus my helmet make for a great filter against the scent of garbage.
Ryoka-Shu: It's not just the garbage, it's something else that way.
Enok: Well far be it from me to argue with a sorcerer. You're prepared to handle more annelids right?
>>
No. 981920 ID: 375532

Sure, you want me to finish off this one? If yes then just rise some spikes below it while it’s trap to finish it. If nothing else it will give you an idea on how tough these things are.
>>
No. 981931 ID: 36784c

>>981919
Tell Enok that it smells like warm plastic and pixie sticks. You don’t know what pixie sticks are, but you somehow know what they smell like.

Kill this worm and continue further. Just don’t rely on Enok being able to assist all the time, since he’ll end up tiring himself out from continuous magic usage.
>>
No. 981936 ID: b1b4f3

>>981919
Let's test to see how much punishment it can endure. Then we'll know exactly how hard to go on the others.
>>
No. 981960 ID: 8fb3ba
File 160624772094.png - (309.93KB , 1500x1060 , Crushed Worm.png )
981960

>>981920
>just rise some spikes below it while it’s trap to finish it

The crystal spikes don't make it through the worm's hide, and when pushed further end up breaking completely!

Ryoka instead drops a large crystal on its head to kill it, and even that takes two or three strikes to kill it. The filth annelids are quite durable, which makes a sort of sense seeing as if they were soft they'd tear their flesh on any sharp debris lying in the garbage.

It smells like worms
>>
No. 981961 ID: 8fb3ba
File 160624772480.png - (363.48KB , 1500x1060 , Crystal Hopping.png )
981961

Ryoka and Enok continue towards the odd smell. Ryoka raises pillars to hop over to move faster.

The sound of machinery starting up begins to fill the silent dump

Ryoka-Shu: What is that?
Enok: It sounds like the trash compactors have started up, nothing for use to worry about as long as we stay away from them.
>>
No. 981963 ID: 8fb3ba
File 160624774720.png - (157.58KB , 1500x1060 , Smell.png )
981963

As Ryoka gets closer the smell get's stronger

Ryoka-Shu: There! Up there! That's where the smells coming from!
Enok: Hmmm... now that we've gotten closer I do sense a sort of magic radiance coming from there.
Ryoka-Shu: You don't sound very happy about it.
Enok: A magic thing, down here in the garbage does make me sort of upset. Imagine the wizard who made it, how would they feel knowing it's been down here? How irresponsible to lose it, or if it was stolen what sort of inept buffoon tossed it into the dump? This whole thing makes me sour.
>>
No. 981964 ID: 8fb3ba
File 160624776097.png - (731.59KB , 1500x1060 , Lost in Thought.png )
981964

Enok: Though on the off chance a wizard didn't make it and it's a naturally occurring magical item, that may be worse or better. If it was generated down here then I guess it's just good luck for us and it that we were her to find it. Once again however if generated outside and thrown down that would hurt my heart even more, natural magic objects are so rare, and for it to be discard on purpose or by accident is criminal.

Ryoka turns to tell Enok to shut up, but is greeted by the sight of another filth annelid rising from the trash below to swallow him whole. Lost in thought he will not be able to react fast enough to not be eaten, but Ryoka can still do something.
>>
No. 981969 ID: 8ac9ea

>>981964
oh shit that is a tiny window to react in, gonna need to manipulate the pillar, anything else will be too slow.

keep the platform Enok is hopping to the same size but divert mass from the rest of the pillar to shove the worm of-course. we know we can't really instagib it as seen with the other so we save Enok then deal with it together.
>>
No. 981970 ID: b1b4f3

>>981964
Can you grow a crystal to clog its jaws?
>>
No. 981972 ID: a9af05

>>981960
>Really tough worms
I doubt their insides are as tough as their skin. And since they love attacking with their mouths wide open, we can take advantage of that!

We can try tossing crystals in their mouths and then having the crystals explode so that the shards will shred the worms from the inside! It would be like a crystal grenade.

>>981964
Have the crystal pillar extend to shove the worm off course and make it miss eating Enok!
>>
No. 982002 ID: 8fb3ba
File 160626505768.png - (519.61KB , 1500x1060 , Fuck off Worm.png )
982002

>>981969
>>981972
Ryoka-Shu makes an outgrowth of crystal off the pillar that bashes the worm in the mouth driving it off.

Ryoka-Shu: Enok! Shut up and pay attention!
Enok: Uh! S-sorry! Once I start talking about magical synthesis I lose track of what's around me!

The annelid retreats back into the sea of garbage, but instead of one mound of dirt moving Ryoka and Enok can see two.
>>
No. 982003 ID: 8fb3ba
File 160626506123.png - (403.36KB , 1500x1060 , Closing in on You.png )
982003

Enok: Ryoka! Look out!

The filth annelids poke their heads out of the trash, this time focused on Ryoka-Shu.

The magical thing is just ahead. It's just a short climb to the source of the smell.
>>
No. 982004 ID: 2aa5f0

summon a crystal pillar inside of that things gullet to both jam it's jaw and to weigh it down and hopefully throw off it's aim. Then once Enok is out of the danger zone explode the crystal inside of the worm making the pillar into a sort of magic shrapnel bomb. Their hides might be tough but I doubt their insides are that tough.
>>
No. 982008 ID: b1b4f3

Shrink your pillar so that they smash into eachother. Maybe you can some infighting going.
>>
No. 982031 ID: 8fb3ba
File 160627602975.png - (423.46KB , 1500x1060 , Bonk.png )
982031

>>982008
>>982004
Ryoka-Shu prepares two crystal combustibles and lowers her pillar just as the worms begin to strike. The annelid's heads collide and with their mouths agape Ryoka tosses the grenades into their throats.
>>
No. 982032 ID: 8fb3ba
File 160627603651.png - (434.83KB , 1500x1060 , Bang.png )
982032

The crystal shrapnel shreds the worms' innards. Both fall to the ground, wriggling and soon to die from their injuries.
>>
No. 982033 ID: 8fb3ba
File 160627604110.png - (275.53KB , 1500x1060 , Scavenging.png )
982033

Ryoka heads straight for the magic smell and Enok follows.

Enok: You've a surprisingly good nose Ryoka. What does magic smell like?
Ryoka-Shu: Sort of like pixie sticks or ozone mixed with something else.
Enok: pixie sticks?
Ryoka-Shu: Y'know that candy that's just colorful sugar in a paper tube.
Enok: Guh! Sounds dreadful...
Ryoka-Shu: Here it is!
>>
No. 982034 ID: 8fb3ba
File 160627605803.png - (532.85KB , 1500x1060 , TV.png )
982034

Ryoka pulls a small squarish item from the pile of rubbish. It has antennae and a screen.

Ryoka-Shu: Okay...What is it?
Enok: Ah! It's an old television! Hard to tell if it was made to be a magic television, or if it was a regular one that soaked up some magic.
Ryoka-Shu: What does it do?
Enok: Normally it would show moving images for shows on the screen for either entertainment or for information, but as a magical item it's purpose is unknown until examined by a expert wizard! Hand it here.

Ryoka hands the television to Enok who turns it around in his hands, smells it, and holds his ear up to it before nodding his head.

Enok: Ah! This item can...

>Heal wounds
>Empower the user
>Weaken enemies
>>
No. 982036 ID: 0fae41

Empower the user. I saw this move on TV once!
>>
No. 982040 ID: 36784c

>>982034
So how do we use it? Is it a one time use that makes the effect permanent? Or is it a multi-use temporary effect that recharges between each use? Because if it’s that second one, carrying this tv around is going to be a pain.

>what does it do?
Empower the user
>>
No. 982046 ID: e7c7d3

Weaken enemies. I hear it ruins eyesight and rots your brain
>>
No. 982051 ID: e25466

>>982040
If only it were a helmet...

>empowers the user
>>
No. 982059 ID: a9af05

>>982034
Empower the user
>>
No. 982060 ID: 2aa5f0

>>982004
Huh, oops. These was meant for the previous update, just didn't see that the quest updated while I was typing. Well it still seemed to work out so yea?

>>982034
>Weaken enemies
we seem pretty strong as is so maybe something that would let us become more of a team player. I mean if we can weaken the pot hole it would make it easier to deal with for both Ryoka and Enok.
>>
No. 982074 ID: 5950e9

>>982034
yeah I hear TV is bad for you, probably weakens foes.
makes sense considering the circumstances, seems it spontaneously became magic here.
>>
No. 982163 ID: 8fb3ba
File 160641687314.png - (624.56KB , 1500x1060 , Inspection.png )
982163

Enok: This small television set has the ability to empower the one who uses it!
Ryoka-Shu: What? Like once?
Enok: No! It might need a recharge after it does it once but it should be good for a while! This one looks like it was made magic spontaneously down here in the dump!
Ryoka-Shu: And you wanted to get cheese instead of a magic tv! It's gonna suck to have to lug this thing around though.
Enok: Yes, but a small price to pay for a free magically imbued item.
Ryoka-Shu: What do these buttons and dials do?
Enok: They used to operate the tv, but now that it's broken I don't think they do anything.

Ryoka presses the power button on the tv…
>>
No. 982164 ID: 8fb3ba
File 160641688576.png - (270.01KB , 1500x1060 , On.png )
982164

The television shakes and jumps out of Enok's hands, it begins to crackle with electricity.
>>
No. 982165 ID: 8fb3ba
File 160641689010.png - (411.97KB , 1500x1060 , Live Television.png )
982165

The television set morphs
TV: Cha-CHAAA!
>>
No. 982166 ID: 8fb3ba
File 160641689595.png - (459.46KB , 1008x924 , Friend.png )
982166

Ryoka-Shu: OH IT'S CUTE!
Enok: Ah, it looks like the buttons awaken the tv's magic
TV: Cha cha! Cha cha CHA!
Ryoka-Shu: Enok the dump is the best place in the whole Circuit!
Enok: You sure did get lucky with what you found today
TV: Cha cha CHA! Cha cha cha-cha.
Enok: I'm glad this little exposition wasn't for nothing, and we won't even have to carry him.
Ryoka-Shu: But now I WANT to!
Enok: We can leave now right?
>>
No. 982167 ID: b1b4f3

Yes.
>>
No. 982171 ID: 8ac9ea

>>982166
yeah, nothing we'd get after this is going to be as good.
>>
No. 982182 ID: f8fa51

Yeah, let's get out of this dump.
>>
No. 982184 ID: 36784c

>>982166
I wasn’t expecting Ryoka to be a fan of cute things.

Anyways, what are we gonna name the little guy? How about we name them Bo?

>We can leave now right?
Yes, we can leave. But where are we going next?
>>
No. 982189 ID: 2aa5f0

unless you can smell other magic items nearby than yeah might as well head out.

Next stop is the pot hole right? What can Enok tell us about it? All he's told us so far is that it's dangerous but never really said what it can do exactly.
>>
No. 982258 ID: 0fae41

Well yeah, the journey continues.
>>
No. 982286 ID: 8fb3ba
File 160653359130.png - (460.66KB , 1500x1060 , You are now exiting the dump.png )
982286

Ryoka, Enok, and their new tv friend begin to exit the dump

Ryoka-Shu: Enok, can you tell me more about the Pot Hole? You've seen what it can do right?
Enok: Yes, the Pot Hole is an entity that encapsulates decay and nothingness, within it's influence it can spawn monstrosities to do it's bidding, warp the landscape that surrounds it, and near it's center it can even delete you from existence entirely.
Enok: Worst of all is it's growing slowly, should it go untreated it will consume The Roads and everything they connect
Ryoka-Shu: Do you know where it came from?
Enok: No, we've not seen anything like it before...
TV: Cha cha! Cha cha!
Enok: But I'm fairly confident with the aid of a sorcerer we'll find success. Many wizards believe sorcerer's are born to combat such threats to our existence.
Ryoka-Shu: Yeah...Some hole isn't gonna get the best of me!
TV: Cha cha!
Ryoka-Shu: And the tv agrees
Enok: Are you going to give this thing a name? Or will we simply be referring to it as the tv from now on?
>>
No. 982287 ID: b1b4f3

>>982286
Telly.
>>
No. 982290 ID: 2aa5f0

Vee
>>
No. 982299 ID: b1b4f3

Attempt to feed it rock candy.
>>
No. 982301 ID: 36784c

>>982287
>>982299
Yes to both of these.
>>
No. 982303 ID: 15ca3f

ChaChas
>>
No. 982312 ID: 0fae41

Tivo!
You should mess with the buttons some more. What can it... do, exactly?


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason