[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki] :: [Discord]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Embed (advanced)   Help
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 25600 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 160216318073.png - (15.42KB , 600x400 , dungeoneer_ch7.png )
978129 No. 978129 ID: 4c58a6

https://questden.org/wiki/Dungeoneer

Hin and I have reached the town just as dusk is falling. We ended up making good time traveling from my dungeon but we need to hurry or we'll be locked out.
Expand all images
>>
No. 978130 ID: 4c58a6
File 160216322521.png - (28.46KB , 600x800 , the_hero_appears.png )
978130

"Ah Sir Guardsman, don't close the gate!"

"Oh good evening Miss Golem," he says. "You certainly like to cut things fine." It's the same guardsman I met when I first visited, Urik Gadroll. He looks me up and down. "I hope you haven't gotten cursed by any more demons."

"Just the one." I reply. Bear maulings don't count, even if they are devil bears.

He nods solemnly. "I heard about that business with Liana's daughter. Glad you're back on your feet." He rumbles with amusement. "It looks like the mountain air agrees with you."

Urik ushers Hin, me and our pack-golems inside and shuts the gate.
>>
No. 978131 ID: 4c58a6
File 160216325639.png - (23.49KB , 600x800 , return_to_the_guild_of_golemeters.png )
978131

After talking it over with Hin, we decide to find the golemeter's guild. We might be able to get put up for the night by Kallia. If not, we'll find an inn. We wander through the darkening streets and come to the door with the golem face over it. I knock until I hear footsteps approaching.

"I'm coming, I'm coming." A faint voice calls. The door opens a crack. "We're shutting down for the night, no-" Kallia begins and then spots me. "Deem, what the hell? You go through golem puberty or something?"
>>
No. 978132 ID: 4c58a6
File 160216329479.png - (36.67KB , 747x583 , theres_also_a_horse_somewhere.png )
978132

"You're a golemeter Kallia," I say. "You should know there's no such thing."

"Last I saw you were like a foot shorter and also unconscious on account of punching a ghost." Kallia points out.

"She got better." Hin helpfully says from behind me.

Kallia shuts the door, I hear a dull thump and then she opens it again. "Tell you what, I was about to head out and grab a bite to eat. Why don't you drop off your stuff here and we'll get some drinks and you tell me about it?"

That sounds like a good plan to me. I can surprise her with the fact I can drink now. I wonder if there's anything I should talk to Kallia about how things have been going?
>>
No. 978133 ID: 465a14

>>978132
Tell her about Merud's crush on her, obviously!
>>
No. 978134 ID: ce39da

Tell her that Merud's doing fine. You were mostly putting out personal fires left and right early on, but now you feel like your dungeon is finally starting to become something more respectable than a glorified hallway - you have a theme now, and a path that at least looks like it isn't 100.00% linear!
>>
No. 978136 ID: 9caba2

>>978132
You ought to ask about the items she bought during her last visit, did she get any use out of them?
There's also the fact that Reisarf can turn into a girl now, I think that was after her visit?
>>
No. 978138 ID: 8fab7a

>>978132
Talk a little about Merud's golem progress. Don't forget to let Hin get a few words in edgewise - I have a sense that she and Kallia gets along?

Definitely surprise her with the drink and eating thing!

(Oooh, you didn't bring any of the mimic cake, did you?)

And, uh, ask about gossip 'round town and if you can stay here for the night or if you need to go lodge at an inn?
>>
No. 978139 ID: b1b4f3

>>978132
Show off your homunculus.
>>
No. 978140 ID: 2aa5f0

well you could tell her about how your dungeon is going and maybe bounce some dungeon ideas off her. Maybe ask how her schooling is going as well.
>>
No. 978141 ID: 0fae41

Use the repaired bangle of fixity as a segue to ask about Liana and her daughter. Hey, did you know we turned Hin into a slime with that? And Reisarf's a girl sometimes? Also I have a bridge that may or may not be for sale.
>>
No. 978169 ID: 977456

((Has Deem ever had a chance to get drunk? On things besides power I mean...))
>>
No. 978177 ID: 4c58a6
File 160223219215.png - (32.99KB , 800x600 , three_fantasy_characters_walk_into_a_bar.png )
978177

>Tell her about Merud's crush on her, obviously!
I think it's the other way around.

>Talk a little about Merud's golem progress. Don't forget to let Hin get a few words in edgewise - I have a sense that she and Kallia gets along?
"Merud's working hard." I say to Kallia as we walk down to the bar. "He's developing a golem armour right now."

"Huh." Kallia says. "Thought he looked down on that sort of puppet work."

"Oh, one for non-golemeters."

Kallia blinks. "Wait, so it'd have to watching for and mirroring movements without any lag? That's... exactly the kind of fiddly thing he'd get into."

"Tell me about it." Hin sighs. "I swear, any more talk about compact golem cores and I'll scream."

>Show off your homunculus.
We claim a trio of seats at the bar. Kallia and Hin get drinks. "What's with the other golem you brought?" Kallia asks. "Kinda weird looking for a horse."

I shrug. "An extra pair of hands is nice to have. It's a homunculus, clay with a bit of alchemical work added to make it more life-like. Merud said your master didn't really like them."

"Ah yeah." Kallia says. "Ole Okum Calls 'em a distraction. Most of the golem work we get here is hauling and scut work."

"She's made about a dozen of 'em." Hin chimes in. "Needs more hunks I think. She's going to lead Merud astray at this rate."

"Ah, huh." Kallia says. "Maybe I should arrange another visit. For learning."

Hin smiles. "Yeah, Deem's got Merud working hard on the body sculpt detail too, I'm sure he'll appreciate the help. You should have seen this one girl golem he did by himself. She had great big... hands."

"You sure that wasn't just another dodgy potion?" Kallia asks.

Hin chuckles to herself and orders some food for the three of us.

>You ought to ask about the items she bought during her last visit, did she get any use out of them?
"That reminds me." I say. "Did you use all those satiation potions yet? I seem to remember you being very interested in their chest related side effects and 'the fine art of pranking'?"

"I may have done. By the way, you don't happen to sell cheap weight loss potions do you? Asking for a friend."

I sigh. "Oh Kallia. Don't tell me- no, I don't even want to know."

"Oh yeah, did you find Reisarf's manhood and give it back to him yet?" Kallia says.

>Use the repaired bangle of fixity as a segue to ask about Liana and her daughter. Hey, did you know we turned Hin into a slime with that? And Reisarf's a girl sometimes?
"I did in fact!" I say. "Long story short, he can turn into a girl whenever it's convenient now."

"When is it convenient?" Kallia says.

"Oh, for mana storage mainly. I think it's a little redundant now that I used that void shard on Stargazer though."

"Mana storage? In the girly bits you say?"
>>
No. 978178 ID: 4c58a6
File 160223226862.png - (31.94KB , 800x600 , ominous_piano_chord.png )
978178

I ignore Kallia. "Oh and Hin was a slime for a while. That Fixity Bangle really came in handy, I'll have to thank Liana for the loan. Oh, that reminds me, was her daughter alright?"

"She was fine." Kallia says. "It's you we were worried about. What was that about Hin being a slime?"

"Well there was this parasitic worm and-"

"Deem, please, we're about to eat!" Hin interrupts.

>(Oooh, you didn't bring any of the mimic cake, did you?)
>Definitely surprise her with the drink and eating thing!
"Oh, and we caught a cake mimic. Afraid I couldn't bring a slice. I quite liked the taste though. Oh, and I can eat now."

"How do you do it Deem?" Kallia says to me. "I don't think you've made anything up this whole conversation!"

"Well this one I can prove." I say. "Bartender, I would like to buy one beer drink!"

I toast Kallia and Hin and drink it down. It's a little sour. Oooh, I feel a little fuzzy...

Drunk Deem Mode activated! The suggestions Deem acts on will be randomised.
>>
No. 978179 ID: 4c58a6

* Unless it's too good not to use
>>
No. 978180 ID: b1b4f3

>>978178
Huh, I guess this means you're extra vulnerable to poison. Better be careful what you eat/drink.

Tell them you're worried about Moriko; she's the only one with lingering side effects from what happened while you were cursed. She's stagnating as a result.

Deem, do you think of us as slaves? We don't. Seems like we have quite a lot of free will actually.
>>
No. 978182 ID: 9caba2

>>978178
Are you familiar with spirits? Not the ghostly or spiritual kind, but rather the type that's distilled and can be used as a solvent or drunk.
You should try a small glass of spirits if they have any.

Enhance knockers and see if you can't get a discount on your drinks from the bartender.

Have the golem you brought along do some old and likely long-forgotten dance.

You should talk about ear shapes with Kallia and Hin, what's with those weird rounded ears?
>>
No. 978183 ID: 5b3320

Barriers coming down! Gushing and affection for everyone! Also possibly angry yelling at the sky later in the night.
>>
No. 978184 ID: f57349

Explain how your dungeon's layout is still sorta lopsided and incomplete-feeling, due to budget limitations and the recent delve up to that hidden valley, but at least it's not a shoddy mess like that bank vault you smelled. Have they fixed the leak that was spawning dire rats yet?

Get sidetracked into a rant about how easy the local bank would probably be to rob.
>>
No. 978186 ID: ca2950

Clothes are unnecessary for a golem. Get rid of them.
>>
No. 978188 ID: 2aa5f0

believes that her powers in golemmancy is so great she can use it to control other people by puppeting their clothes. Whether or not said clothes can actually handed being puppeted and not be torn to shreds by being put under stress they were never meant for or can and the person in said clothes is tossed around by a drunk deem trying to puppet them varies from person to person.


Cast random Boss enchantments on herself and enter boss mode to show how powerful she is.



Drinks more booze and eats food to show off her new ability with all the glee and cheer of a child who just learned a new trick and wants to show their parents.
>>
No. 978189 ID: cd9139

>>978178
Chat animatedly about what matters the most to you.

Probably gold.
>>
No. 978192 ID: ce39da

Duuuuuude, speaking of Merud and that golem armor, you should totally gush about Worst Slime, like it's funny but also sad??? Does she know anything that could help?

(Suggested because I feel like that's the one area we're truly stuck with.)
>>
No. 978195 ID: 465a14

Show them how much mana you can store in your "girly bits". Surely you're capable of much more than a mere human!
>>
No. 978196 ID: 9c98cd

Before you act on any suggestions that alter your form, you should remove Morikos dress so it doesn’t get ripped. You’re still decent under there!
>>
No. 978203 ID: 735fa3

Flirt with Kallia, since shes good at that, to show how much better you've gotten at interacting with humanoids.
>>
No. 978204 ID: a082e2

Talk about Moriko way way too much like an annoying and telling amount.
>>
No. 978208 ID: 9f0903

Have you talked about the Kallia golem Merud made? Actually, it doesn't matter if you did, talk about it anyways. and he got it pretty close, you have to wonder how familiar with her body he is, how much has he studied it?
>>
No. 978210 ID: 0fae41

That acts like a potion of drunkenness, huh? Well chug the rest and drag your companions to a dark and shadowy corner, because we're going to rob the town bank. You can still sense all that gold, clumsily warded from the earth pulse! It begs for a proper owner.
>>
No. 978214 ID: 977456

A frustrated rant about Moriko and her whole demon heritage thing. With a solid segue so that it is less just blabbing her secrets and more not noticing that the conversation had reached something private.

A frustrated rant about us being terrible.

Confide in them your secret fear of being permanently flooded. Everyone hates water dungeons, and cave-diving is too hardcore for adventurers. And water is icky sky-magic stuff and sky-magic is terrible.

Why do humans insist on putting all their treasure in deadened pits? Someone could be using that! You'd even give some of it back if they were polite. And what is it like to be so fleshy? All those weird biological things always going on, and they can barely even feel their mana, and how do they not get distracted by their body squishing out of shape all of the time? And the leaking thing! Sweat and tears and excrement and everything, and just one tiny little puncture in the right place and all their blood comes out they die. It is so stupid, you wouldn't leak if someone hit your walls, it would just hurt a little, and even your core, it just makes you weak, and sore, and vulnerable, and pathetic-looking, and you just woke up like that and it is horrible and unfair and why would anyone do that, you always tried so hard to be a great place and then The Sky Nation attacked everything went wrong...

I'm not drunk! I am a great and powerful magical being who is beyond feeble human toxins! I can prove it, I can do great and powerful magic! I can enchant vast expanses, channel magicks of magnitude and intensity beyond mortal comprehension, forge being into great and terrible champions! Or, or, make them really small and tough, because that is clever sometimes... Behold! *Boss Mode Engaged: Compact
Crystalline Cavalier Kallia* *insert unintended consequences and crippling hangover from drunken casting with insufficient local mana channels*

Tell the heroic tale of your long-time-nemesis and eventual conquest: Devilbear.
>>
No. 978216 ID: 9f0903

>>978214
>A frustrated rant about us being terrible.
Oh yes, please. I want more people to know we exist besides Deem and Stargazer.
>>
No. 978220 ID: e961a7

Indeed. I'd love to let them hear about all the teasing we've been doing to you over your secret crush~
So secret you don't even want to acknowledge it exists, even.
>>
No. 978224 ID: 5b93d3

>>978178
Tell Kallia of your epic quest to slay the Devil Bear.
Through the medium of song.
>>
No. 978225 ID: 4c58a6
File 160233540541.png - (26.11KB , 650x750 , girls_night_out.png )
978225

>Drinks more booze and eats food to show off her new ability with all the glee and cheer of a child who just learned a new trick and wants to show their parents.
"You see!" I drain the rest of the beer. "You see? I'm basically an expert at drinking now. Mr bartender man, another beer please." I squint at Hin's bowl. "Are those chips? I would like some chips."

Hin pushes them over.

>Clothes are unnecessary for a golem. Get rid of them.
It is rather warm in here. "Oh I'd better take these off. I don't really need them. Don't want to get them dirty."

Kallia cackles like a hyena. "Amazing Deem, one beer?"

"Two." I correct her.

Hin puts out an arm. "You'd better keep those on Deem. What if you lose them? Don't want to disappoint Moriko."

"Ah? Ah." I think.

"Oh come on, let her live a little." Kallia says. "Don't act like you've never been dancing on tables."

"Not this early in the night usually." Hin says.

"What was that about Moriko?" Kallia says.

"Oh they made clothes for each other. It was cute."

"I am not cute." I mutter.

"On that subject, you've changed your look." Kallia says. "What's with that Deem? Afraid of being cute?"

"I'm not afraid! I just wanted more presence."

Kallia smirks. "I can see that."
>>
No. 978226 ID: 4c58a6
File 160233552817.png - (87.60KB , 650x750 , final_boss_deem_dissolute.png )
978226

>You should talk about ear shapes with Kallia and Hin, what's with those weird rounded ears?
It's their human blood. I am pretty sure they know this!! And Hin's ears are a little pointy! Because of her ogre blood. But everyone knows that too. Reisarf's a little pointy too, probably some contamination from Stargazer or some non-human ancestry.

I rub my head. "I tried longer hair too, even different ears briefly. Round ears feed weird." I say. I wiggle mine. You can't do that with round ears!

"Why are yours pointy anyway?" Kallia asks.

I stare at her blankly. "Why are yours round?"

"I'm not drunk enough for this argument." Kallia signals the bartender.

>Explain how your dungeon's layout is still sorta lopsided and incomplete-feeling, due to budget limitations and the recent delve up to that hidden valley, but at least it's not a shoddy mess like that bank vault you smelled. Have they fixed the leak that was spawning dire rats yet?
>Get sidetracked into a rant about how easy the local bank would probably be to rob.
"I'll pay." I say. "We have a lot to celebrate." Kallia gets her drink and Hin asks for a number of small glasses instead of another beer.

"My dungeon is really coming together. Dumb lopsided tunnels are finally evening out. So much better!" I take another tentative sip of my second beer. These things are awfully filling. "There's going to be a garden, a slime pit and a bridge! Need to work in more of the local monsters. Very clean geomancy, not like that vault here."

I look up at Kallia. "Are big rats still turning up? Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy!"

"Uh-"

"I bet it'd be easy to break into too." I sniff. "Get close and I could tell you all sorts of things about its internal arrangements from the misalignment. Shoddy stock sealing designations not cut to the dungeon, could probably even pull gold straight out of the breach if the earth-pulse was agitated!"

"So!" Kallia says. "You ever considered a career in banking, Deem?"
>>
No. 978227 ID: ce39da

Whaaaaaaat? The gall, to suggest that we disrupt the normal order of the Labyrinth Game to have people... what, willing-ing-ly deposit gold - and for us to allow them to withdraw? Both parties should at least put up a fight before that happens - defeats the point, otherwise.
>>
No. 978228 ID: 735fa3

Oh, now this is the perfect opportunity for you to educate Kallia in how bullshit vaults are.
>>
No. 978229 ID: 9caba2

>>978226
The only banking you're doing is depositing more beer into your stomach.
And your clothes onto the adorable golem you brought along to carry stuff, can't have it lie on the floor.
>>
No. 978231 ID: 8fab7a

>Career in banking
Be jokingly offended. The earth pulse is affected by huge piles of gold, not swapsies of numbers in ledgers! Having it just sit around and act merely as someone's measure of wealth is such a sad waste of gold's potential!

Having to give up gold without a fight is the true tragedy of being a bank, though. You don't think you'd have it in your heart to accept doing so for any amount of time. Really, rich people should move to paper money already and leave gold in the pockets of adventurers, who brings it to dungeons, where it belongs.
>>
No. 978232 ID: 8fab7a

Also, you've tried beer now. Maybe try whatever Hin's having?
>>
No. 978233 ID: 9c1ef3

You're still wearing things. That simply won't do.
>>
No. 978234 ID: 9f0903

We're still being annoying. You still need to loudly complain about us.
>>
No. 978235 ID: 36784c

>>978226
So who did Kallia prank with those potions we gave her? It must've gotten pretty out of control if she's asking for potions to reverse whatever happened!

Show off your boobs! Not only did you get taller, you also aren't flat chested anymore!
>>
No. 978236 ID: b1b4f3

>>978226
Running a bank? Seems boring, no risk at all, no conflict, nothing to stir the earth-pulse. You wouldn't mind getting paid to fix the bank's geomancy though.
>>
No. 978238 ID: 0fae41

Banking? Too easy! A fool and her money are soon parted. High-rolling adventurers are at least a challenge.
Play a prank on Kallia. Very slowly reinforce Hin or yourself so she thinks either she's going crazy or getting shorter. Objects when drunk may be larger than they appear!
>>
No. 978242 ID: ea027f

>>978226
Gushing and friendliness! Also, banking is bad because your gold needs to be available for the earth pulse. If nobody can steal it then you get no benefit. If people CAN steal it, it's a very bad bank.
>>
No. 978243 ID: 2aa5f0

oooooh, Hin has different kinds of booze, you want to try different kinds of booze too, see if you can't get some!

As for the banking thing say that if all banks are as shoddily designed as the one in town then no as you have to much self respect. I mean they (list out all the flaws you noticed about the bank). It's disgraceful, anyone with even a passing knowledge could (proceed to list all they ways you could rob the bank).

Hug friends and if you get significantly drunk enough maybe other patrons in the bar and the bartender for bring you drinks
>>
No. 978295 ID: 4c58a6
File 160241141145.png - (52.68KB , 800x600 , for_a_good_time.png )
978295

>Running a bank? Seems boring, no risk at all, no conflict, nothing to stir the earth-pulse. You wouldn't mind getting paid to fix the bank's geomancy though.
"No, 'sno good." I say. "It'd put me to sleep forever. No great deeds there, nothing to stir the earth-pulse. No-one's ever heard of a banker of legend."

"Hah, deep cut there Deem." Kallia says.

Hin downs a shot and then holds up a finger to make a point. "They loan people money so they can start their great deeds though."

"That's entirely too fair of you Hin, and I don't like it." I say.

>Oh, now this is the perfect opportunity for you to educate Kallia in how bullshit vaults are.
"It's not even being done right." I complain. "You know a bit about geomancy right, Kallia?"

"Uh-"

"I bet they put the treasure room right at the end instead of the center! They always do it. 'Scheap. It's not protected, it's not balanced, it's awful. They want to stifle the earth-pulse but they don't want to make the effort. And a badly placed Sealing Designation bypass to the maze because they don't want to walk the whole labyrinth. Sometimes they don't have a monster funnel either! No anchor stones, nothing adjusting the geomancy, just giant rats and dire pigeons and gutter crabs ending up in every nook and crevice around, just messy, messy."

"Gutter what?" Kallia says.

"Crabs!" I snap my thumbs and fingers together like pincers to demonstrate. "Big crabs!"

"Right, so very serious and technical and all that." Kallia says quickly.

"They could pay me to fix their crabs!" I announce.

"Rats." Hin says.

"Their crab-rats problem." I nod.

"Yeah, maybe look into it tomorrow huh Deem?" Kallia says. "Hey Hin, has she put anything exciting in at her digs yet?"

"Oh?" Hin says innocently. "There's the potion bath I guess? Permanent potions!"

Kallia looks between me and Hin, trying to work out if she's serious.

>Play a prank on Kallia. Very slowly reinforce Hin or yourself so she thinks either she's going crazy or getting shorter. Objects when drunk may be larger than they appear!
A prank on Kallia! Perfect. I could sneak some clay. Oh, there's no clay here? I'll see if Hin is in on this. While Kallia's looking away, I waggle my fingers to suggest magic, point up, point at Hin and then wink.

When Kallia looks back at me, Hin shrugs with a goofy grin. That must mean yes.

Reinforcement on Hin. Hmm. I can only use my Heart fragment, but it has to be small anyway. More sustained than what I'd normally use for a guardian but subdued. Needs something to drip feed it too, it'll add up over time. Hin's compatibility for this is high, thanks to her giant blood. Hin already has her food related ogre trick and I want it to stay up all night so I'll just tie it into that for fuel! She'll get a tiny bit taller when she eats and drinks. I start assembling and activating the correct mana channels for this. No need to rush, I can take my time.

>Gushing and friendliness!
I pat Kallia on the shoulder. "The potion's watered down. You can try the bath if you want next time you visit." I get closer. "Or you could join us and stay! It takes a few weeks to work. The one I made is to make people healthier. It helps develop body mass and improve energy levels, people ought to get a touch taller too. Figured it'd cover off on a few things." I laugh. "Moriko and Chakarchelou have been having face-offs about it since we left."

Kallia drains her mug and stares off into space contemplatively. "Gotta finish my apprenticeship though. Only a few months left. It's awful! With Merud gone I have to work!"

"Oh? Oh! Well work hard. You can do it!"
>>
No. 978296 ID: 9caba2

>>978295
Y'know what? It's no fair that Merud's getting all of the educational love, you should give Kallia some golemetric lessons right here and meow.
>>
No. 978297 ID: 2aa5f0

maybe you can help here, ask what she needs to do and then offer her advice or whatnot. After all, no one is better at helping people then you and if they don't want your help that just means they don't know better and you should help them anyways to show them the error of their ways.
>>
No. 978298 ID: ea027f

>>978295
Use your lil golem buddy for an INSTRUCTIVE LESSON. Helping!
>>
No. 978299 ID: 6e6f32

With Kallia being Kallia and all, perhaps now would be the perfect time to ask her advice on how to do the "flirting" better.
>>
No. 978303 ID: 9c1ef3

>>978299
I second this. Perhaps asking if this form is right for it? Wait, maybe she can't tell with your pants in the way. Skirt? Thing. Ditch it.
>>
No. 978304 ID: 8fab7a

>>978295
Start an unofficial job interview with Kallia. What'd she bring to the table compared to Merud, noted workaholic?
>>
No. 978312 ID: 0fae41

Top off everybody's plates and steins! What's a little more cost, you're practically made of gold! In a physiological sense.
They say find a job you love and you'll never work a day in your life. What are you going to do with your golemetry degree Kallia? Slap people at a distance as an adventurer? Make machines dance under your fingertips?
>>
No. 978313 ID: 9f0903

>>978304
I feel this is important. We like Kallia, but why would we need two golemeters? She's welcome to visit any time she wants, she doesn't have to work for us.
Also, remember to complain about us.
I'mma keep rolling the dice on this while we still have the chance.
>>
No. 978318 ID: ea027f

>>978295
Also, write that idea down. Crab-rats. Somewhere you won't miss it, like on your golem or your own body.
>>
No. 978329 ID: c57263

>>978313
You have a point, although golemetry seems to have vastly different forms based on the individual and their school of thought. Hmm, maybe some golem crabs? After all, crabs are nigh invincible except to those well versed in the art of Crab Battle. Plus in a group they can strengthen each other through the Crab Rave.
>>
No. 978336 ID: 977456

Ask Kallia to look into your heart while you are here. You have your own skills and experts, but she does know a lot about cracks and cleavage.

The Bank probably just expects to get away with shoddy work because The Sky and random adventurers will clean up after them.

Complain about nobody ever agreeing on what you should look like, but everyone having an opinion. (You look better smol btw!)

Ask Kallia's advice on which potions would attract more business.
>>
No. 978342 ID: b1b4f3

Talk about how Alkaline is doing, and how clingy she is despite you definitely not being a mother figure to her.
>>
No. 978368 ID: d82849
File 160248528446.png - (55.90KB , 800x600 , service_with_a_smile.png )
978368

>What are you going to do with your golemetry degree Kallia? Slap people at a distance as an adventurer? Make machines dance under your fingertips?
"What'll you do once you're a journeyman, Kallia?"

"Oh, kinda stumbled into being a doll mage. Have some witch blood you know, had to get into something magical. Was thinking I'd travel a bit, Merud was probably heading back to the family estate sooner or later anyway. Easy to make a little money on the side, can always do some golem labour or puppetry or pit fights something. Whole dungeon delving thing sounds exciting but it's not something to get into on your own without a group or money."

>Start an unofficial job interview with Kallia. What'd she bring to the table compared to Merud, noted workaholic?
"Well if you wanted to work at my dungeon, what'd you bring compared to Merud, noted workaholic?"

"Hmmm." Kallia sips her beer and swishes the glass around around. "As a valued employee, I'd be looking for ways to work smarter, not harder." she says in a sing-song voice. "My specialties are the First and Second Magics of golemetry: sense and motion. I'd add value to the dungeon with my beautiful face and sparkling wit. My favourite colour is red. Unlike Merud, I can get in a fist-fight and win."

She chugs the rest of her beer and slams the mug on the table.

"Service with a smile, that's me!"

"Well I'm convinced." Hin says. I clap.

"Have you settled on a final piece for your apprenticeship?" I ask Kallia.

"Not set in stone yet." Kallia says. "Nothing I've gotten excited about."

>Use your lil golem buddy for an INSTRUCTIVE LESSON. Helping!
"You only have a few months! You need to hurry." I tell her. "Let's have a last round and then I'll give you a hands-on lesson! That might help!"

Kallia clinks her empty mug to mine. "Yeah! Let's make a booze golem or something!"
>>
No. 978370 ID: d82849
File 160248538046.png - (31.04KB , 800x600 , back_to_basements.png )
978370

We head back to the golemeter's guild. Kallia pauses to dig a small keg out of the back of a cupboard, then we head down to the basement. It seems strangely nostalgic.

"Table's still broken?" I say.

"Uh, been busy." Kallia says.

"Well this is one of my homunculi." I say. "Go over and take a look."

>With Kallia being Kallia and all, perhaps now would be the perfect time to ask her advice on how to do the "flirting" better.
>Perhaps asking if this form is right for it? Wait, maybe she can't tell with your pants in the way. Skirt? Thing. Ditch it.
She's such a tease, I'll have to be very subtle!

"Since I've put some more effort into it, I'll get you to look at my new homunculus body too. Wait, I need to take off these pants."

Hin pours herself a shot.

We've got plenty of golem making materials here. What should I make this lesson about?
>>
No. 978371 ID: 465a14

>>978370
Your infinite skill!
>>
No. 978372 ID: b970b2

Booze golem... Alcohol Golem... Alcoholem! Let's make this lesson about using unusual materials for golem making!
>>
No. 978374 ID: 9caba2

>>978370
First off, what's that potion in the back?
>>
No. 978375 ID: b1b4f3

>>978370
Sense and motion huh? I guess you could talk about materials that aid both. What stuff is better for senses, what stuff is better for motion, what stuff strikes a good balance? Can you combine materials to get the best of both worlds?

Oh, you could talk about how your eyes work. They're different materials right?
>>
No. 978379 ID: 0fae41

Send your homunculus to get snacks, you’ll be the model for today.
Do a handstand!
>>
No. 978380 ID: 2aa5f0

homunculus are an advanced type of golem right? Maybe let her examine it to get an idea on how to make one herself, that's sure to get her up to journeyman. Wait, your body is more advance right? If so maybe let her compare your homunculus to yourself to get her a better idea on how to make one herself.
>>
No. 978381 ID: 9c1ef3

>>978371
>>978379
We've seen her golems before, right? knobbly wooden things, I think? The important thing she might have to work on is probably the most difficult, becashe- sorry, because she seems to have the simpler parts down. But you're conifde- CONFIDENT that she is a capable woman who can totally handle it.

Get the homunculus to get to skivvies too, it's important - you're going to dance with it.
>>
No. 978382 ID: afa6f6

>>978370
Well, just judging by Merud, and how Kallia mentioned that most of the golem work here is mostly labor and such, it seems like they have a tendency to make their golems large.
If she wants to focus on puppetry, and here specialty is in sense and mtion, maybe she would benefit from some lessons on miniaturization in golem mechanics, doing more with less material, making them better, not bigger. you've had a lot of recent experience with that lately, and youre already good at making more compact and agile golems.
>>
No. 978389 ID: ce39da

>>978375
> Combine materials.
Oh, OH, she should totally talk to Reisarf sometime, speaking of! That kid figured out how to LITERALLY combine stuff. Maybe that's, like, the key to making golems that look and feel more "real" than ever!
>>
No. 978399 ID: 436a61

Nobody said golems have to be pretty. Make a gar-golem to frighten small children and tax collectors!
What kinds of potions are there in town? We need to show off the fastest metabolism in the west some more.
>>
No. 978401 ID: 8fab7a

>take these pants off
>Hin takes a shot
Hin's got a drinking game going with herself and I love it.

>>978370
Hrm. Sense and Motion. Good at soft skills, pitching stuff.

Settle on how to make her golems Presentable. Not just in appearance, but in how they move and act. Being a Golemeter's not just about making bog-standard functional automatons! They need to look and act like reliable pieces of gear as well!

After all, form follows function, especially in the observer / customer's mind.

With some tweaking and a little effort (the best kind) I bet Kallia can make more standard golems look and act like they're well-suited for the work she's creating - and selling - them for. That's the sort of stuff that can bring in the business.

Of course, if the master demands she break new ground, a new design that improves on the aesthetic (and functionality) of a more common type of golem might be more to his liking.

Question is, what kind of golem might be the best fit for this?
>>
No. 978433 ID: 735fa3

Mend the broken table and make it into a workhorse golem.

Also, to get Kalia to teach you to flirt, you need to flirt badly first while she's watching and then get indignant about being an ancient and powerful dungeon that might be rusty on humanoid to humanoid interpersonal skills.
>>
No. 978434 ID: d82849
File 160259071418.png - (32.83KB , 650x750 , deem_and_pal.png )
978434

>Well, just judging by Merud, and how Kallia mentioned that most of the golem work here is mostly labor and such, it seems like they have a tendency to make their golems large.
>If she wants to focus on puppetry, and her specialty is in sense and motion, maybe she would benefit from some lessons on miniaturization in golem mechanics, doing more with less material, making them better, not bigger. You've had a lot of recent experience with that lately, and you're already good at making more compact and agile golems.
I let Kallia poke and prod my homunculus and then step over and hug it to myself. "Like I said, this is one of my homunculi. She is small and not a horse. You're going to make some improvements to her."

"I'll call her Pony!" Kallia says.

"Pony are small." I agree. I pause and try to regain my train of thought. "Pony here is made for more skilled work than most of the golems you'd use so let's start by having you replicate some of those fine motor functions. I'll rip off one of her arms and you can make a replacement?"
>>
No. 978435 ID: d82849
File 160259077214.png - (18.79KB , 800x550 , pony_protector.png )
978435

"Wow, don't hurt Pony, Deem!" Kallia says, getting between us. What is this strange look she is giving me? I distrust it.

"What?" Hin joins in. "I bet you could make a really cool arm! Wait no. No that's wrong. What were you thinking Deem?"

"I... wasn't?" I venture. I sit next to Hin on the broken table for a moment and accept a little cup from her. "Now, let's think."

>Booze golem... Alcohol Golem... Alcoholem! Let's make this lesson about using unusual materials for golem making!
I glance at the keg Hin is babysitting. "A materials project? We'll make an alcohol golem! Alchoholem!"

"Hey," Kallia says, also getting a cup from from Hin. "Can we drink it?"

"Ah, no." I scratch my head. There's some wood, stone and metal golem parts down here. Some cloth. The core of a mana battery. Table rubble. Nothing very unusual for golem making. As expected of a golem maker's basement! "I need to think some more."
>>
No. 978436 ID: d82849
File 160259080438.png - (31.85KB , 800x550 , checking_channels.png )
978436

We need something to do while I think of another great idea.

"Kallia," I say. "I think we need to get closer. I'll let you touch my Heart piece. I want you to look at the connections between my Heart and my golem body."

"Aww, I'm touched." Kallia says.

"Higher, Kallia."

Hin pours herself another drink.

I try some lines while I explain various features of my golem anatomy but they don't seem to be working! Kallia's not taking the bait and giving me any advice on how to do the "flirting" better.
>>
No. 978437 ID: d82849
File 160259083953.png - (30.57KB , 650x750 , suspicious_lump.png )
978437

>Settle on how to make her golems Presentable. Not just in appearance, but in how they move and act. Being a Golemeter's not just about making bog-standard functional automatons! They need to look and act like reliable pieces of gear as well!
Right, I'll have her try and introduce some new features and behaviour into Pony. But I also want her making a new golem. I need some material she hasn't worked with before for a small golem, something a little unpredictable. Perhaps another homunculus? But we don't have the treated clay. Wait...

My Gigant Mode is mainly intended to accrue material but I am able to liberate some material from my own golem body. I feel so much lighter.

"Hah! Alchemical clay!" I say, dropping the lump on a table. "Make a homunculus out of it. There's raw mana soaked into it too, so be careful."

"That was disgusting, Deem." Kallia says. "I'm impressed."

Maybe I should chat with Hin while Kallia works?
>>
No. 978440 ID: eb4a6c

I dunno, you shed mass, and she's been growing. Your eye level is, what, below her boobs at this point? It's kind of hard to tell with her when she's wearing a shirt.

Anyway, this awkwardness is a barrier to chatting with Hin.
>>
No. 978441 ID: f57349

While Kalia's distracted you and Hin should try to repair or replace the table and mana battery which were damaged by your previous misadventures. Or, better yet, figure out some way to make them self-repairing!
>>
No. 978442 ID: 6e6f32

Hin seems to be growing increasingly *Uncomfy*.
>>
No. 978443 ID: 2aa5f0

how dare Hin be taller than you, climb onto her and sit on her shoulders to gain hight dominance.
>>
No. 978445 ID: 9c1ef3

>>978440
>It's kind of hard to tell with her when she's wearing a shirt.

Well, there's an easy way to fix that, isn't there?
>>
No. 978446 ID: ea027f

>>978442
Hin is playing a drinking game by herself. Take a shot whenever Deem does unintentional sexy?
>>
No. 978449 ID: 31b7da

Liberate more clay to make a second homunculus, you can compare your on the spot work with hers.
Hug Hin.
>>
No. 978458 ID: 9caba2

>>978437
>>978445
Yeah! Does she wear all of those clothes while working? I know it's getting colder but an aspiring golemeter must have a heat source.
>>
No. 978459 ID: 735fa3

Ooh, ooh, I know.

Have her teach the golem to flirt with Merud. You'll not only see how she teaches it to flirt, but also get to observe how well it works when you get back.
>>
No. 978460 ID: b91672

>>978437
Talk to Hin. Have one of whatever she’s having. Tell her she’s a ‘Great’ friend and getting greater with every drink.

Wink.

... and tell Kallia to account for the alcohol probably also infused in there.
>>
No. 978464 ID: 0fae41

We should give Kallia space to work. Let's go talk in the bedroom.
>>
No. 978474 ID: 9c1ef3

>>978458
Clearly everyone is overdressed.
>>
No. 978480 ID: 83ff48

Hah. Hin is huge. It is great. Kallia will notice any moment now and it will be so funny.
>>
No. 978512 ID: d82849
File 160266180968.png - (35.44KB , 650x750 , terrifying_eight_foot_hin.png )
978512

>Hah. Hin is huge. It is great. Kallia will notice any moment now and it will be so funny.
She has been drinking quite a bit! Kallia comes over to the two of us and squints. "You're tall." She tells Hin.

"You're short." Hin says back.

"Yeah, I mean, no, you're taller? Bathed in the bathy bath or something?"

"You probably just forgot how tall and also cool I am." Hin says.

"Hin's always been tall." I say. "Maybe you're shrinking."

"You're the only one who's shrinking Deem. Now I'd better get back to making something outta your weird-ass clay." Kallia says she wanders back over to her corner to work.
>>
No. 978513 ID: d82849
File 160266187611.png - (34.54KB , 650x750 , talk_about_fixing_tables.png )
978513

>Talk to Hin. Have one of whatever she’s having. Tell her she’s a ‘Great’ friend and getting greater with every drink.
>Wink.
I get a refill off Hin, then I sit down. Hin sits next to me.

"Well I know you're cool, and getting cooler with each drink." I wink. "You're a great fr-forgemaster, Hin."

Hin refills her cup and clinks it to mine. "Thanks Deem, had our ups and downs but it's had fun so far."

"Let's make it just ups for the rest of tonight!"

>While Kalia's distracted you and Hin should try to repair or replace the table and mana battery which were damaged by your previous misadventures. Or, better yet, figure out some way to make them self-repairing!
"Hey!" I pat the broken table we're sitting on. "Let's fix stuff! You brought your magic hammer right?"

"Yeah!" Hin gets up and brings the backpacks downstairs, pulling her hammer out. We have some possible trade goods in there too: raw mana, orange goo, slime milk and some of Stargazer's internal jelly, as well as the results of our raw mana experiments: the paramagnetic iron, weird egg, light-absorbing gem and sap bomb. There's a few half-expired potions Belphe made up in case we ran into trouble on the road too.

"Between hammering rocks soft and my stonecrafting, the tables will be EASY." I say. "But the mana battery, I think we should make one that doesn't explode. Or one that unexplodes itself. Make it just better than it was!"

"Yeah! Make it regret exploding!" Hin agrees.

Right now we've just got a container of alchemical fluid that can be charged somewhat, some mana-conductive cables and some bits that are intended to isolate and regulate it. How do we improve on it?
>>
No. 978515 ID: 0fae41

If you're going to be drinking so much Hin, remember to eat something so the booze doesn't hit you like a brick. Say, those satiation potions ought to do the think! Er, trick! Let's go get them and propose a toast. To... Big dreams.
Add some orange goo to the battery juice. What could go wrong?
>>
No. 978516 ID: ea027f

>>978513
Use the Stargazer jelly! She FEEDS on mana! Surely that's a good battery material? Side effects may include the battery staring at you.
>>
No. 978520 ID: ea027f

Also, could the darkness gem be used to generate mana from light? Steal from the sky!
>>
No. 978521 ID: ea027f

>>978515
Do not power up the curse juice
>>
No. 978522 ID: 2aa5f0

what happens if you cast boss magic on an object instead of a person? What would a boss table look like? or a boss mana battery?
>>
No. 978526 ID: d5b253

I don’t know what paramagnetic means and at this point you’re too drunk to care. Hammer out some paramagnetic contacts for the battery terminals, because battery = magnetism == good? And maybe the darkness gen can act as a power sink. Maybe it just needs a fuse to shut off abnormal mana flow. It’s drunk science time.
>>
No. 978527 ID: 9c1ef3

>>978512
Gosh darnit, the clothes grew with her!

>>978513
Perhaps there's a way to incorporate the light-absorbing thingy. Does it get... hungry? Like, if it has no light to absorb... I have run out of ideas and pretty soon I'm just gonna revert to being lewd.

Clearly that ribbon you're wearing, around your chest, that might be useful too. Might as well add it to the pile.
>>
No. 978537 ID: e08479

Clearly the light absorbing gem can be used as a jiry rigged fuse for if something is about to explode. Light is energy, so maybe the gem can absorb manasplosions?

More booze will definitely give you better ideas.
>>
No. 978550 ID: b1b4f3

>>978513
The light-absorbing gem or paramagnetic iron seem like good things for a golemeter focusing on senses and movement.
>>
No. 978555 ID: 83ff48

You clay has served well as a steady conduit for the magic, maybe some of it could be used as a regulating agent to keep the mana flow steady. Maybe you could even recreate mana channels alike to your own.
>>
No. 978569 ID: 6e6f32

Mana-capacitor banks, to allow burst functionality!
>>
No. 978594 ID: eb4a6c

>>978513
Eggs naturally store energy as a reservoir for development, so that seems like a good basis for the battery. Especially one used for fiddling around with golemetry. Even better would be if it filled itself up over time, maybe using the earthpulse? You're good with that stuff.
>>
No. 978619 ID: f57349

Analyze the mana battery's safety features, then use your ancient knowledge to make them beefier and more efficient. Permanently fuse it with the table during the repair process by turning said table into a really crummy quadrupedal golem laced with heat-dissipation circuitry. Add a tertiary backup system for venting excess energy (which might otherwise cause an explosion) by spewing blasts of flame in random directions.
>>
No. 978622 ID: 735fa3

If you could make the battery charge from the earth pulse, that would be a huge boon for these meatbags.
>>
No. 978639 ID: d82849
File 160280931189.png - (23.93KB , 800x550 , keep_on_trying_til_the_science_gets_done.png )
978639

>Use the Stargazer jelly! She FEEDS on mana! Surely that's a good battery material? Side effects may include the battery staring at you.
>Eggs naturally store energy as a reservoir for development, so that seems like a good basis for the battery. Especially one used for fiddling around with golemetry. Even better would be if it filled itself up over time, maybe using the earth-pulse? You're good with that stuff.
"Hit this egg with your hammer." I tell Hin.

She hefts her hammer.

I wave my arms. "Softly! Soft! I need to poke it!"

"Poke it?" Hin says.

I set the pot containing the Alien Jelly on the table and hold up a needle. "I'm making Stargazer eggs."

"Ohhh!" Hin says. "Soften the shell for manaegg?" Hin raises her hammer, moves it towards the egg and then lowers it. "Ah, hmm. 's tricky."

After a few trial impact geometries, we start tapping the hammer with the egg instead.

I poke the needle through the softened shell and then use a hollow reed to introduce some of Stargazer's jelly to the interior.

I pinch the soft shell and hand it to Hin. "Nooow, we shake!"

"I'm shaking!"

"Put it in the battery fluid."

"It's fizzing!"

"Yes!"
>>
No. 978640 ID: d82849
File 160280933712.png - (30.11KB , 651x750 , j_egg.png )
978640

"It's getting egger. Bigger." Hin says.

I poke the floating egg with a stick. "It's stopped? It's full?"

I dip a finger from each hand in the mix and try to circulate mana. I don't think mana's coming out! I don't quite have the channels right??

>You clay has served well as a steady conduit for the magic, maybe some of it could be used as a regulating agent to keep the mana flow steady. Maybe you could even recreate mana channels alike to your own.
I fish out the egg and think. I already took off a lot of clay, I don't know if I want to remove any more. What if I just attach it to my golem body and try to figure out the channels that way. Brilliant! I take off my chest wrap.

"What do you think?"

"Eggellent." Hin pokes it. "Is it doing anything?"

"Not yet I think?"

Speaking of not yet I think, Kallia seems to be struggling with the homonculus making. Should I help her out?
>>
No. 978641 ID: 465a14

Remind her that making it more lifelike helps. Clearly Hin should donate her shirt to help because people wear clothes so it'll make the homunculus more lifelike.
>>
No. 978643 ID: b1b4f3

>>978640
Is your necklace interfering?
>>
No. 978656 ID: 0fae41

Maybe Kallia needs to take a break and come back to the problem later. Invite her up with you and Hin, and break out the milk potions. We can make another batch of them later, we still got slime milk and the other ingredients are trivial to gather. What'd Doyle pack for our lunch anyways?
>>
No. 978658 ID: 735fa3

I think you should keep working on the battery.

It needs a personal touch, something that screams "deem".

How about you use your chest stones to make contacts from the battery?
>>
No. 978659 ID: 307426

You're probably right not to use any more clay. Better use stone from your body plating instead.
>>
No. 978661 ID: 913dff

>Talk about your previous experiences with denizens in your past as a dungeon, and how your current crew compares to them (hopefully, quite well)
>>
No. 978663 ID: 4d6de9

If you need clay, you could see if Kallia has any she's not using.
>>
No. 978672 ID: 9caba2

>>978640
You should ask Kallia if she wants some help, and then help her if she does. But let us have a look at what she's doing.
>>
No. 978673 ID: 9a836e

>>978659
Yas, good point
>>
No. 978677 ID: 720a7b

You need to use the mana channels to test them. Turn into a naga-deem!
>>
No. 978682 ID: f3021a

>>978641
Give Hin your wraps to wear instead, they can be quite handy!
>>
No. 978724 ID: f57349

Let the egg soak while you think of what to do next, and pester Kalia about whatever she's doing wrong.
>>
No. 978773 ID: cef86d
File 160297362969.png - (48.68KB , 650x750 , former_denizens.png )
978773

>Talk about your previous experiences with denizens in your past as a dungeon, and how your current crew compares to them (hopefully, quite well)
I try to name a few famous ones, she might find it encouraging! The king of the sunken hills? The daughter of the pale wolves? Akhet the Undying? Some of them had very humble beginnings. But Hin doesn't recognise any of them?! Maybe I got them mixed up?

I sigh. "It was a long time ago."

"What about the last lot? Before your dirtnap?" Hin says.

"Oh?" I frown. "Uhhh. Wasn't fond of many of my keepers. There was Kolome? So young! Merud reminds me of him a little, an innocent. I tried to look out for him, in my own way. A servant he was. Under the warden, Lauche. " I stare off into nothing. "Lauche. I hated him. I treasured all the little, ind-indignities I could inflict." I speed up." I hated being so petty. I watched age chip away at him and I hated him still."

"Aaah, if I offend you, you got to tell me!" Hin says. "What happened to him?"

"He died."

Hin pats my shoulder awkwardly. "Oh, well, like you said. A long time ago now."

I hunch forward. "They deserved it."

"How about another drink?" Hin hurriedly picks up the little keg. It's starting to run low. "How about monsters? Didja have any cuties like Alky and Chak?"

"She's so smart!" I say. "It's been so long since I've had something bright like her. Do you like wolves? I had those for a while so fluffy. Oh, we should get those trees that bite. Oh they're not cute though? Chakarchelou reminds me of Asharderollwin sometimes too."

"What's that?"

"Uh, Ashwing?" I put out my arms and wave them. Hin steadies me. "Rarr, dragon?"

"You had a pet dragon?"

"Not a pet!" I say. "Not exactly!"
>>
No. 978775 ID: cef86d
File 160297369758.png - (43.34KB , 800x600 , kallias_cool_golem.png )
978775

>Let the egg soak while you think of what to do next, and pester Kalia about whatever she's doing wrong.
Kallia's taking a while so I saunter over. I hit a bench on the way but overall I think it was a success.

"What unspeakable things did you do to this clay?" Kallia complains. "This is taking so many control plates. You didn't give me enough of your weird-ass clay to make a clay-ass either."

I eye her golem. "I see you focused on what's important." I chuckle. "Improvising is a virtue. And it's bad to rely on pre-made ones too much Kallia. Sculpting on the fly helps any golemeter."

"Asses or plates?"

I shrug. Haha, I think I'm finally getting those flirting lessons.

Kallia pokes her half finished golem. "Speaking of that, you worked hard getting the clay all soft. Big fan of soft golems?"

"It has to be close to life!" I remind Kallia.

I feel someone poke my clay hair. "Don't do that Hin."

"Wow she's right." Hin says. "And not much of you in reach."

>Maybe Kallia needs to take a break and come back to the problem later. Invite her up with you and Hin, and break out the milk potions. We can make another batch of them later, we still got slime milk and the other ingredients are trivial to gather. What'd Doyle pack for our lunch anyways?
"Maybe we need a break? What's something you'd like? We should have a meal too? I know! We can use some of the satiatit-ti-the fullness potions. And you can show off what you've done with Pony."

"Hey, those are my potions." Kallia says.

"I could find some way to pay you back?" I wonk. Wink.

Kallia looks at me for moment. "OK." she says.

Apparently Kallia only has two left and there's between three and five of us? What do we do?
>>
No. 978779 ID: 9caba2

>>978775
Mix some of Hin's liquor into the potions and split them between the two fleshy people and Kallia's wannabe golem.
>>
No. 978780 ID: b1b4f3

>>978775
Might as well tell her how you made the clay.
>>
No. 978781 ID: 0fae41

Hin and Deem take one (for the egg in your case) and you pay Kallia back extra special. Maybe with a nice meal from somewhere in town. Maybe with a partial refund of the gold, too.
I wonder if anyone's set up shop in Hin's old smithy? Did she keep the place?
>>
No. 978782 ID: ea027f

Salvage a bit of Pony for clay-ass? Kallia clearly feels strongly about this. Besides, you shrunk so Pony should shrink too. Can't have your golems being taller than you!
>>
No. 978785 ID: 465a14

>>978775
Snowball! Snowball the potions between each other!
>>
No. 978787 ID: ea027f

Check if Kallia's golem is anatomically correct. Because thats lifelike.
>>
No. 978795 ID: bcda15

Do you think being drunk is reflecting at the dungeon core? Wonder if things got weird over there.
>>
No. 978810 ID: 0fae41

>>978781
And go upstairs to drink! There's less clutter, and probably a fridge to raid.
>>
No. 978841 ID: 2aa5f0

mix milk with booze to make bilk so there is enough for everyone to share. What could go wrong.
>>
No. 978848 ID: eb4a6c

Pony and Kalia Junior are too young to drink sketchy potions! Also Kalia Junior might explode. In a bad way.

You know who would explode in a good way? Hin! Food potion would make her expand extra, and that's funny for the prank. Also, it'd kinda be like that time you grew too big in this basement, so that's nostalgic.
>>
No. 978873 ID: 36784c

>>978775
>Apparently Kallia only has two left and there's between three and five of us? What do we do?
Recklessly and selfishly hog both potions for yourself and chug them!
>>
No. 978901 ID: 7445f0

>>978841
Bilk? You mean kumis, right?
>>
No. 978918 ID: 9f0903

>>978901
We'd be mixing b(ooze with m)ilk, not fermenting the milk.
>>
No. 978939 ID: cef86d
File 160310714546.png - (31.96KB , 650x746 , materials_donation.png )
978939

>Salvage a bit of Pony for clay-ass? Kallia clearly feels strongly about this. Besides, you shrunk so Pony should shrink too. Can't have your golems being taller than you!
I try to snap my fingers then I try again and succeed. "You two stay here and share material." I tell the two golems before we head up. "Kallia wants more ass! Pony give up some clay." They're good golems, I'm sure they can figure it out.

"Wow Deem, do you hate ponies or something?" Kallia says as the golems step closer.

"A pony's meant to be small." I tell her. "I shrank so Pony should too. Can't have them taller than me! I'm big and important."

Kallia eyes Hin, then looks at me. She waves the two satiation potions. "Well we got big in a bottle here. Maybe you need to get taken down a notch." She waggles her eyebrows at the golems. They look back at her blankly.
>>
No. 978940 ID: cef86d
File 160310719453.png - (31.84KB , 650x750 , rolled_this_result_three_times_in_a_row.png )
978940

>Recklessly and selfishly hog both potions for yourself and chug them!
I snatch the two potions off Kallia and dash up the stairs.

"Try it!" I cackle. I pop the stoppers and glug down most of the bottles' contents.

"Hey!" Kallia chases me.

Hin just starts laughing and trudges up after us.

Oooh, my stomach and chest feel like they're rumbling.
>>
No. 978941 ID: cef86d
File 160310722046.png - (17.72KB , 800x543 , drunkest_dungeon.png )
978941

>Do you think being drunk is reflecting at the dungeon core? Wonder if things got weird over there.
I have so much energy tonight, I should work on something!
>>
No. 978943 ID: 2aa5f0

send out some golems to find shiny things nearby. You know like things we could use to make more potions, or are shiny, if we have more shiny things we have more mana!

Also is there something inside our core?
>>
No. 978944 ID: 0fae41

The dungeon’s boss room needs a higher ceiling, you should work on that.
>>
No. 978945 ID: c5185d

The dungeon needs more statues, statues of Deem!
>>
No. 978946 ID: ea027f

>>978943
That's just the patch to reduce leakage
>>
No. 978953 ID: bcda15

No one ever appreciates the Earth Pulse like you do during dungeon invasions, use that extra energy to make some percussion that responds to the pulse in the key dungeon areas.
>>
No. 978954 ID: 735fa3

Lets expand the brewery to have a big beer keg and still.
>>
No. 978955 ID: 9c1ef3

>>978945
Clearly people should appreciate the form and beauty of the person in charge!
>>
No. 978957 ID: 6e6f32

>>978945
>>978955

Why not do one better?
Use delve on the craggy walls of the valley to carve an enormous Giga-Deem Golem!

Include within it a full sized heart slot so you can get personal with any fool worthy of your titanic fury!
>>
No. 978958 ID: 735fa3

Ooh, that's a good idea, tasteful nude statues of various people Deem knows, past and present.
>>
No. 978962 ID: 9f0903

>>978953
That... that actually sounds pretty cool.
>>
No. 978963 ID: b1b4f3

Statues of your previous denizens. Clothed.
Only the ones you liked though.
>>
No. 978964 ID: a9af05

>>978940
Oh boy. Deem, the side effects from drinking two potions in a row are going to be significant! You're going to be fat!

>>978941
You are trying to incorporate some nature in your dungeon, right? You should add some flowers or something!
>>
No. 978971 ID: 8fab7a

Spruce up the dungeon room. Pillars! An artisanal statue or three! Of ex-dungeon denizens!
>>
No. 979038 ID: 83ff48

Nobody ever appreciates how amazing you are. Set up a scrying wall near the revival chamber so that revived denizens can see how amazing you are when being invaded. Well, less a scrying wall and more of a dream-catcher hooked up to your own mind, but you are practically perfect at knowing what is going on inside your own body, which is where all of the places worth looking at are, so just putting up an illusion of whatever you are focusing upon would be as good as inventing scrying!
>>
No. 979044 ID: f57349

>>978953
Delve out a miniboss room that's only accessible through tiny mousehole-sized passages, or by using Reisarf's Spatial Extrusion to open holes through a thin wall. Create a golem inside which tirelessly pounds a massive drum, so the rhythm of the earth-pulse is audible to mortal ears.

Nothing says drunken revelry quite like the combination of poorly-thought-out body mods and music loud enough to wake the neighbors!
>>
No. 979047 ID: cef86d
File 160318895550.png - (33.13KB , 650x750 , flushed_core.png )
979047

>The dungeon’s boss room needs a higher ceiling, you should work on that.
>No one ever appreciates the Earth Pulse like you do during dungeon invasions, use that extra energy to make some percussion that responds to the pulse in the key dungeon areas.
>The dungeon needs more statues, statues of Deem!
Brilliant! As a dungeon I need to impress, so I should be bigger. A vaulted ceiling for my big boss room! Everyone needs to feel the earth pulse rising, the earth doesn't have to move just for me. And statues of me!

We'll do all three at once. I'll set the earth pulse thrumming here, make a little cave-in and get my golems to carve the bigger stones!
>>
No. 979048 ID: cef86d
File 160318906341.png - (32.32KB , 800x550 , grab_the_boobs_by_the_horns.png )
979048

>Oh boy. Deem, the side effects from drinking two potions in a row are going to be significant! You're going to be fat!
I am an expert at drinking! I bet I could drink as much as Alkaline and not get fat. I run up some more stairs, I'm feeling jiggly. How do slimes run around like this?

I'm on the second floor but Kallia's catching up. There's a window that opens onto a courtyard. I bet could jump down without hurting myself. Wait, I might get stuck.

Kallia grabs my horn. I push her back with my elbow and hold the second potion out of her reach, I think there's a little left.

"Didn't know you were so thirsty, Deem." Kallia says. Down the hall Hin rounds the corner and starts walking over.

I wave the bottle vaguely. My chest and stomach are rumbling. I feel full. "You try being stuck in a cave for a thousand years. It's drunken me to drank."

Kallia laughs. "You're a poet, Deem."

I did say I'd pay her back, what should I do?
>>
No. 979054 ID: 9caba2

>>979048
Give her a nice close hug to let her know that in spite of how small you've gotten from yielding clay, you're still bigger than her.
>>
No. 979057 ID: 6e6f32

In an overly pompous voice, using an ancient accent of one of your previous denizens, say:
Madame Kalia, I sheems I have wrrrronged you this day! As rrrecompenshe, I shall henceforrrth grrrant you ONE wish!
>>
No. 979060 ID: 8ac9ea

>>978943
>>979047
huh, yeah that seems new
>>979048
actually looks similar to the stargazer egg now that I'm looking at it... the drinks are effecting both heart and shard, maybe the egg is having an effect on the heart, or something going on with the heart is effecting the egg?


Anyhoo, let her have the rest of the potions.
>>
No. 979067 ID: 36784c

>>979048
You might as well finish drinking the last of the potion.
>>
No. 979068 ID: 465a14

Give her the bottle and try mouth-to-mouth so any leftover potion residue gets transferred over. It's the right thing to do.
>>
No. 979070 ID: deae84

Where’s the bed? It’s too small anyway, better use Hin as a makeshift one. ...Wait, The living quarters are right off the boss chamber! Shout to your denizens to remain indoors and stay calm. Brute golems will be along to carve statues of them shortly.
>>
No. 979077 ID: bcda15

Feed her the remainder
>>
No. 979088 ID: 5ec97e

Just give her a face full of clay and arrogant confidence while downing the rest of the potion
>>
No. 979098 ID: a9af05

>>979048
Just finish off the potions already.

>>979088
Just to clarify, did you want Deem to hug Kallia or did you want Deem to actually throw a chunk of clay in Kallia's face?
>>
No. 979114 ID: 735fa3

There's something distinctly lewd about Kalia grabbing Deem's horn like that.
>>
No. 979116 ID: 0fae41

You only drank most of the bottles, right? Combine what’s left with some booze and give it to Hin.
Turn around and press up against her. If you said she had a brilliant mind, would she hold it against you?
>>
No. 979130 ID: 735fa3

That is the flirtiest flirt ever. It has to happen.
>>
No. 979131 ID: 5b93d3

>>979048
Tell her she can have the rest of the potion, then drink it and hold it in your mouth. Let's see if Kallia's powers of seduction can defeat the great Deem!
>>
No. 979153 ID: 83ff48

Let her bear your egg.
>>
No. 979161 ID: 8bd73c

>>979048
Pull them close, tell them your deepest darkest secret. The one that will change the course of history.

And then pass out right before you actually say anything.
>>
No. 979163 ID: 2aa5f0

>>979161
also you're pretty heavy right deem? being made of stone and all? So if you do pass out on her make sure to pass out in such a way that she won't be able to escape your sleepy embrace without either outside help or you waking up and getting off her.
>>
No. 979174 ID: eb4a6c

You're friends, so compromise. You can both drink it. You pour what's left of the potion into your mouth, then transfer it to hers. It'd be a tease and teasing is very flirty.
>>
No. 979175 ID: cef86d
File 160328737216.png - (28.83KB , 800x600 , drunk_deem_is_a_menace.png )
979175

>Just give her a face full of clay and arrogant confidence while downing the rest of the potion.
"Mm not a good poet." I mutter.

Kallia steps closer. "Oh?"

I grab her and smoosh her face into my potion enhanced cleavage. "I'mma big, bad dungeon master and you need to get taken down a notch. D'you like this treasure chest?"

I laugh as Kallia struggles in her new notch and makes muffled attempts to speak. I pour the rest of the potion into my mouth and toss the empty bottle away. Haha, I finally have Kallia on the back-foot. This'll show her who's the boss. I'm amazing, this's all so exciting!

Hin pours herself a new drink. "Wow Deem, you are thirsty." she says.

I give her a look. "Glurble." I almost spit potion everywhere. Oh, my mouth is full.
>>
No. 979176 ID: cef86d
File 160328747601.png - (29.22KB , 650x750 , dungeon_smooch.png )
979176

>Give her the bottle and try mouth-to-mouth so any leftover potion residue gets transferred over. It's the right thing to do.
I let Kallia up from her soft clay prison for air and then press my lips against hers. Mmm, this is interesting. Hin chokes on her drink. I heave my body against her and try to transfer the remaining potion. I think I ended up swallowing half of it.

Kallia steps away spluttering. She licks her lips and then speaks. "Rude, Deem."

I incline my head in agreement. "Very rude. I am not nice." I agree. "Or cute."

"Hah, that's cute."

I stamp my foot. It sets my chest rumbling again. "I am not cute!"

Kallia laughs. I need a distraction.
>>
No. 979177 ID: cef86d
File 160328758039.png - (22.86KB , 650x750 , try_it_she_says.png )
979177

>Let her bear your egg.
I detach the magic egg from my chest and hand it to her. "I think you should have this." I haven't figured it out, maybe she'll have more luck.

"Gee Deem, thanks for your weird gelatinous egg." Kallia says flatly. She squeezes it suspiciously and it pops into two smaller eggs the size of the pre-battery soak egg.

"Huh?" Kallia holds them both up. "Hey, dare you to eat one. Or you chicken?"
>>
No. 979178 ID: 36784c

>>979177
Eat one of the eggs. That’ll teach her to not call you a chicken!
>>
No. 979179 ID: ea027f

>>979177
You HATE chickens.
>>
No. 979180 ID: ea027f

>>979177
WAIT. You just kissed and now she's trying to get you pregnant!
>>
No. 979181 ID: 9caba2

>>979177
Tell her you'll eat one if she does.
>>
No. 979182 ID: b970b2

Drunk science is the best science! Do it!
>>
No. 979184 ID: b3a500

Of course I’m a chicken, I just laid an egg! ...wait, no, I mean give me one.
The other one... we inject again! Infinite egg!
>>
No. 979186 ID: 77cba3

Open your mouth and stick your tongue out and wait.
>>
No. 979195 ID: bcda15

Hin meanwhile is having a grand old time living larger than life and gathering sweet sweet blackmail
>>
No. 979198 ID: b1b4f3

>>979177
This is a good idea. You can find out how it reacts with your potion.
>>
No. 979204 ID: 0fae41

Now Hin gets a turn. Get up there and kiss her too.
Egg? Sure. Deem's alchemy is fast-acting so we'll know real soon what it does.
>>
No. 979205 ID: a9af05

>>979177
Screw eating one, you'll eat both of them!
>>
No. 979218 ID: 9f0903

>>979177
Turnabout's fair play, you both eat one each.
Scratch that, you both feed the other one.
>>
No. 979221 ID: 5b0071

>>979177
Chicken? you aren't even an animal.
Eat it
>>
No. 979223 ID: 83ff48

Do not eat. That is the mana-battery's baby.
>>
No. 979251 ID: 6fba3b
File 160337091113.png - (36.28KB , 800x600 , feed_each_other_dessert.png )
979251

>You HATE chickens.
"Flappy nuisances, never!" I howl.

>WAIT. You just kissed and now she's trying to get you pregnant!
"Wait, a minute! We only kissed and now you're trying to get me all pregnated!" I say.

Kallia sighs. "Oh Deem, you don't get pregnant if you swallow."

Hin splutters.

"And you kissed me!" Kallia continues. "You're looking a bit fulla filling potion. Full of guilt about hoarding it?"

I puff out my filled chest. "You want another go at my hoard?"

"Don't you threaten me with a good time!"

>Turnabout's fair play, you both eat one each.
>Scratch that, you both feed the other one.
I take the egg off Kallia. "I'm not a chicken. How about you?"

"I've never been a chicken!" Kallia says.

"Well me neither!" I gesture at her egg and my face, and hold my egg out to her.

We eat the eggs. They slick and gelatinous. Hard to bite down on so I just swallow mine. Kallia and I exchange glances. She pats her chest expectantly, it seems there's a tiny bit of potion related swelling. Nothing seems to happen so far.

Eggs are very disappointing. I should have known better than to trust anything that came from a chicken!
>>
No. 979252 ID: 6fba3b
File 160337098799.png - (27.57KB , 650x750 , hin_heartbreak.png )
979252

"Oh nooo!" Hin suddenly cries out.

I look up to see if Hin's spotted any egg related problems. Hin shakes the keg and raps on the side.

"Guys, we're out of booze." she says.

"This is terrible!" I agree. I've discovered I'm amazing at drinking and barely had the chance to show it.

Kallia grunts in annoyance. "Dangit. That's it for booze here, and barely got any snacks in the guild either."

"Wait!" I say. "We can go outside and find booze!"

"Genius, Deem!"

"Amazing!"

"We need gold and stuff." I mumble.

"Right!"
>>
No. 979253 ID: 6fba3b
File 160337101535.png - (27.51KB , 800x600 , basement_again.png )
979253

I go down to the basement to find a money bag and grab the golems too. Is there anything else I need for outside?

Kallia's homunculus is here but where's Pony?
>>
No. 979255 ID: 24046e

The new golem ate pony!
And now she's gonna eat you!
By the gods!
>>
No. 979262 ID: 675fa5

Get that stomach back in shape by diverting the extra clay to gigant mode. Grab the slime milk as a drink for Hin and the battery as a drink for you.
>>
No. 979263 ID: 6634d9

>>979253
They... fused?
>>
No. 979272 ID: ea027f

>>979253
Pony 2.0!
>>
No. 979274 ID: 36784c

>>979253
>Kallia's homunculus is here but where's Pony?
They fused together! And from the looks of things, they seem to be very embarrassed about not having clothes. You should give them something to wear.

And then congratulate them on fusing together! Give them a big hug!
>>
No. 979275 ID: b1b4f3

>>979253
Deem you need clothes if you're going outside.
>>
No. 979277 ID: 0d62f9

Wow, I had no idea they could do that. Can they separate again?
If they seem OK, inspect butt, hopefully it is 'close to life' per Kallia's specification.
>>
No. 979278 ID: bb0c6e

>>979253
It's clear they fused so you could show them both your affection at the same time.
>>
No. 979288 ID: 0fae41

Take that golem with you. You've been messing with Kallia a lot, but you can't forget to compliment her skill when she really gets something right.
...Can you actually make Kallia shrink? Does reinforcement magic work that way?
>>
No. 979303 ID: 83ff48

The golems probably make more sense when you're drunk. Help them to make more sense of themselves.
>>
No. 979310 ID: 6e6f32

Did... Did those eggs combine yalls toys?
>>
No. 979353 ID: f2320a

>>979262
I am okay with chub golem honestly having little clay mass is a weakness
>>
No. 979360 ID: 5455c8
File 160349141088.png - (30.02KB , 652x748 , fashion_again.png )
979360

>Deem you need clothes if you're going outside.
Right, I shouldn't show off too much. I want people to come to my dungeon to see my full majesty. And I need pockets! I pull my pants on, they've gotten baggier, and put some coins in my pockets. I don't want my nice Moriko-made shirt getting dirty, so I walk past Kallia's golem and find a baggy shirt in the back. Ho, ho, I'll blend right in now. They'll think I'm just another average townsperson.

>Get that stomach back in shape by diverting the extra clay to gigant mode. Grab the slime milk as a drink for Hin and the battery as a drink for you.
I suck it in. I'm not going to fall for Kallia's tricks and get fat on potions. In and up!

I scull the battery's mana bearing fluid. This isn't booze or a potion but I'm drinking it anyway because I'm an expert at drink. The fizzy concoction tastes metallic and acidic. I don't care for it too much. My stomach rumbles ominously and I feel little pops. I don't think my golem body's stomach likes it either! I pour out a jug of the slime milk for Hin. I take a sip. Much better than that battery. Kallia can have some too I suppose.
>>
No. 979361 ID: 5455c8
File 160349145081.png - (33.97KB , 650x750 , and_then_shes_going_to_hug_me_oh_my_goooood.png )
979361

I still haven't spotted Pony though.

"Pony? Come here Pony!" I command. I hear Kallia's golem move behind me.

>The new golem ate Pony!
I focus and send a pulse through Pony's link to see if I can locate my errant golem. Wait, Pony's core is inside Kallia's golem!

>And now she's gonna eat you!
Arms wrap around me, squeezing tightly and pressing me against the golem's feverishly hot body. Something's wrong with mana channels in her body, pulsing and trying to form golemetry links and leech material out of my golem body. My clay flesh crawls.

>By the gods!
There are no gods here! I am being hugged, what should I do?!
>>
No. 979363 ID: 465a14

Headbutt her, butthead!
>>
No. 979364 ID: b1b4f3

>>979361
Can't you just make it stop? Send commands to the merged body through Pony's core?
>>
No. 979365 ID: ea027f

>>979361
Analyze the effect and learn to duplicate it! It's SCIENCE time! Try not to get absorbed. It'd be rude to waste Kallia's hard work because she can appreciate it sober.
>>
No. 979368 ID: 0fae41

You are the golemeter here, command the golem! Command it (and Pony) to stop. Eat zero Deems!
>>
No. 979370 ID: 6e6f32

Form a clay and stone mana conduit directly from your core and jam it directly into the other golem and it's core. Then manual override.
>>
No. 979371 ID: 9f0903

>>979365
This. Merging slimes are one thing, but merging golems? That's gold.
>>
No. 979373 ID: 735fa3

A golem that consumes other golems to grow?

That's a gray goo scenario waiting to happen. Surely a master of Golemetry can stop a golem from taking her mass?
>>
No. 979374 ID: a9af05

>>979361
Tell Kallia to come get her golem under control!
>>
No. 979377 ID: 9caba2

>>979361
This early chimera of a golem must be outhugged.
>>
No. 979378 ID: 0fae41

>>979361
By the way, when you're out of the hug, the egg is back! You need to check Kallia's chest for an egg too.
>>
No. 979379 ID: f3f534

>>979361
It's using your boobs to hold onto you! Quick, divert all the mass away from your boobs and onto your belly so that it can't use your boobs to hold onto you!
>>
No. 979380 ID: 9f0903

>>979379
Better yet, your biceps. Become Muscle Deem!
>>
No. 979389 ID: 24046e

Absorb HER clay instead.
>>
No. 979391 ID: 2aa5f0

YOU SHALL NOT LET THIS HUG GO UNAVENGED!

Quick get both His and Kallia to hug the golem hugging you. See how she likes getting hugged! No one hugs you and gets away with it.
>>
No. 979397 ID: 83ff48

... Threesome? In the golem sense...
>>
No. 979407 ID: 5455c8
File 160354504929.png - (37.77KB , 800x600 , high_impact_clay_theft.png )
979407

>This early chimera of a golem must be outhugged.
>Absorb HER clay instead.
My golem body is better and smarter and prettier than her! There's nothing I can't do better. Would Alkaline hug her? I don't think so! I'm going to be the biggest and the best! How dare she try and usurp me!

The golem happily continues to squeeze me. I squirm in her grip to turn my torso around and hug back. The golem smiles and hugs harder. This contagious golemetry reminds me of a degenerate form of my own Gigant Mode. My mana is forceful but sluggish, I'm struggling against her more agile linkages nibbling away at my golem body.

>Tell Kallia to come get her golem under control!
I call out for help. "Kallia! I need you!" I say.

I need to attack in parallel to play to my strengths. I press against the golem, rucking up my clothes to improve clay to clay contact. I pat around on her clay arm and grip firmly there. Let's see you hug better than me with one arm!
>>
No. 979408 ID: 5455c8
File 160354508694.png - (27.77KB , 600x800 , what_you_get_up_to_wiith_golems_is_your_business.png )
979408

I hear people coming down the steps.

"Woah what's with this basement and makeouts?" Kallia says.

"Your golem is a clay stealing harlot!" I tell her. "Get her under control!" I'm definitely winning but Kallia needs to take responsibility.

Kallia cheers her golem on instead. "Woo, you can do it! Take those boobs!"

"She ate Pony!"

"What, no?! They were so cute together!" Kallia says.
>>
No. 979409 ID: 5455c8
File 160354512347.png - (34.86KB , 650x750 , hin_hugs.png )
979409

Hin ducks under the lintel and strides over to me and the golem's struggle-hug. My towering blacksmith forces herself between us.

She hugs us both.

Kallia's golem hugs her back. Harlot!

"I don't understand," Hin looks at the ceiling, at me and the golem, and finally at Kallia for some reason. "any of this, so let's calm down and go grab those drinks."

I kind of want to stay angry!
>>
No. 979412 ID: 36784c

>>979407
Your horns are starting to grow some green vines.

>>979408
And Kallia is starting to grow some branch horns out of her head!
>>
No. 979413 ID: ea027f

>>979409
Ask Hin how SHE would feel if someone was stealing her Big!
>>
No. 979416 ID: 9caba2

>>979409
Kallia needs to calm down, she's visibly horny.
>>
No. 979417 ID: 701302

>>979409
Gotta prove your dominance over them all. Starting with your rebellious minion hin. Gotta kiss her into submission, then follow suit with Kallia and the golem. They're your minions now and you gotta prove it.
>>
No. 979418 ID: b1b4f3

Hey where's your magnifying glass thing? Use it to inspect Kallia and yourself.
>>
No. 979422 ID: 9f0903

>>979408
There's, uh, a thing happening to Kallia. Take out your inspector thingy and take a look at her. And her golem, too, why not?
>>
No. 979425 ID: 0fae41

She's way too drunk to read her inspector gadget, let's go to the bar and keep it that way. If Hin can carry you like this there, so much the better.
>>
No. 979426 ID: 6e6f32

Did... Did Kalia put twigs in her hair?!?
How can you stay angry that's totally way too adorkable!
>>
No. 979429 ID: 8fab7a

It's evident to all now - Hin is the superior hugger. Size does matter. Her suggestion is tantalizing, too. Perhaps this will all make sense with a few more drinks? ...only bring some of the gold, though. You have to save some for shopping tomorrow!

Also, maybe fix Hugly's mana channels so you don't have to repeatedly fight for control? Or... whatever it is that's going on there.

As for what's up with you and Kallia's new headornments... who knows? Hopefully nothing bad. Sounds like something to make sense of in the morning.
>>
No. 979634 ID: aa25c3
File 160371532331.png - (38.39KB , 800x600 , an_end_to_hin_hugs.png )
979634

I should have waited to call for help, now Kallia and Hin think I needed saving. I was winning, I was just being careful! I don't need calming either.

>Kallia needs to calm down, she's visibly horny.
I free myself from Hin's hug. "You calm down too, Kallia." I call out to the golemeter. "You're too horny!"

"Oh, you want a hug from me too?" Kallia says.

"Find someone else." I say. There's been too much hugging and squeezing tonight! It's squashing my chest and upsetting my stomach more. Maybe drinking that mana battery was a mistake.

Kallia saunters over. "Looks like you're the thief here." She circles Hin, looks at the amalgam golem's ragged arm stump and pokes the chest. "What did you do to her?" She hugs the golem. "There, there, you're safe from the big bad dungeon master who is not nice."
>>
No. 979635 ID: aa25c3
File 160371540066.png - (25.76KB , 600x800 , and_then_shes_going_to_steal_my_clothes_oh_my_gooo.png )
979635

"Hwah?!"

Kallia's robes suddenly flap and twist. Haha, her robes have some embedded golemetry in them! They slither off her and onto the golem and she's left in her underwear.

I feel a little calmer now.

"Uh, hmmm." Kallia says. "OK, maybe she's not supposed to be doing that. Stop stealing golem stuff, you. And get that smug grin off your face Deem."

"Nice pants." Hin says.

"Uh, thanks."

I give the golem an experimental poke. No strange golemetry reactions. She tries to hug me. "Why's she hugging everything Kallia?" I ask.

"Dunno, it's the trick I taught Pony. D'you think they hugged so hard they combined?"

"Awww." Hin says.

"Wait a sec," Kallia says. She turns to me. "You wanted to tear off Pony's arm before too! Why do you hate ponies, Deem?"

I rub my forehead. "I think I need that drink."

"So thirsty Deem." Kallia says.

I shrug. "I need something to wash down that mana battery."

"SO THIRSTY DEEM!" Kallia and Hin both say.
>>
No. 979636 ID: aa25c3
File 160371550309.png - (39.42KB , 650x750 , drunkenly_looking_for_trouble.png )
979636

Kallia's golemeter robe seems a little scrambled but we have something her size. The four of us head out of the golemeter's guild with a jug of slime milk and some gold in our pockets. Hin makes some sort of back alley deal behind the bar to acquire a keg and snacks, and we head down towards the docks. I chew on some crispy things and have another drink, hoping to settle down my golem body's stomach.

>Your horns are starting to grow some green vines.
>And Kallia is starting to grow some branch horns out of her head!
I raise an exploratory hand to feel them as we walk. The branch ornaments I've been wearing are sprouting.

I sip my drink thoughtfully. "Hin, am I growing?"

"I think Kallia might just be shrinking." Hin says.

"Hey!" Kallia says. "I think it's your weird egg." She taps one of her branch-horns. "Am I taking after you?"

"Wait isn't that your thing now?" Hin says to me. "All gardens and plant growth and that? Is it leaking out?"

"Hah, so you are a lush!" Kallia says.

>Hey where's your magnifying glass thing? Use it to inspect Kallia and yourself.
I send a golem to grab it. Wait it's in my dungeon. That's too far away. Well, I'm not an amateur at this, I'll see what I can figure out. Kallia has sprouted some branch-like horns, they're very reminiscent of my ones. They're more like antlers than wood. I saw before she hasn't had an egg appear outside. I was trying to use the vitality filled egg, modify it with Stargazer's jelly to let it absorb mana, and use it for golemetry. It split in half too? Maybe it's tried to impose some of my golem body's features on Kallia?

I share my speculation. Kallia and Hin speculate I'm vain to make something like that. How ridiculous!

The egg I had my golem body eat has relocated to the spot where I'd set up some test channels to connect to it. It seems inert. My golem body's stomach is still playing up. I rub it but that makes it feel worse. It's murky inside but now that I look closely-
>>
No. 979637 ID: aa25c3
File 160371551998.png - (26.95KB , 800x600 , my_apologies_to_konosuba.png )
979637

"Why am I full of eggs?!"
>>
No. 979638 ID: 77cba3

Pretty sure its because you are a lewd dungeon core now. Go offload some eggs in one of the nearby ladies.
>>
No. 979639 ID: 2aa5f0

Blame Kallia for getting you pregnant
>>
No. 979640 ID: 9caba2

>>979637
I mean it's a mana battery right? It's probably sucking up extra mana that you have. How's the mana leak situation back in the cave?
>>
No. 979643 ID: bd0db5

What... What kind of eggs are they?
EXTRACT EXACTLY ONE EGG
>>
No. 979644 ID: 12b116

hork them up all over the floor
>>
No. 979646 ID: 36784c

>>979637
It’s because you chose the Fecund option when deciding how to develop the dungeon in the previous thread.

Fecund: producing or capable of producing an abundance of offspring or new growth; fertile.

This is good news! It means your dungeon is developing the way you wanted it to!
>>
No. 979650 ID: fe0956

Apparently you can get pregnant if you swallow. Kallia lied!
>>
No. 979651 ID: a9af05

>>979646
So it's normal? Then I guess we shouldn't worry about it.

If it's permanent, then at least Deem now has a supply of eggs to use when making potions!
>>
No. 979653 ID: b1b4f3

>>979637
Oh god get them out
They must be absorbing mana and using it to duplicate! That's... close to a battery, in a way, but I don't know how you're going to turn the excess eggs back into mana.
>>
No. 979656 ID: 86b3a6

Okay for real, is Kallia shrinking? That seems more likely than all of you managing to get bigger. Anyway, congrats on unlocking an infinite duplication glitch, take all the eggs out of your system and store them in a barrel for sale. Maybe we can inject new fluids into them to get more infinite supply of them.
Dare Kallia and Hin to make out, because otherwise they just don’t see eye to eye anymore.
>>
No. 979657 ID: 8fab7a

>Full of eggs
The horror! The horror!

Clearly that chicken you once killed as an object lesson cursed you for its untimely demise, by having you slowly turn into a raving clucker yourself.

Or better yet, acknowledge it at last - you're going to be SOME sort of mother now. Alkaline will have brothers and sisters at last!

... but seriously, though. Fecund-aspected dungeon? Life-like golem body? Messing around with golemetry links and mana batteries and that Divergent Egg, with a dash of Great Far Ones servitor flesh in there?

You're, uh, gonna have to see how this pans out, but you might've stumbled into some sorta weird secret of life here. Not that you'll probably have much hope reproducing it, considering all the randomness involved.

Also, you've got to remember in the morning what you actually got up to. I hear that can be a challenge.
>>
No. 979658 ID: 094652

Double check if those are eggs. They might be
larvae with parthenogenesis.

Now hork them up.
>>
No. 979667 ID: ea027f

>>979637
KALLIA
>>
No. 979668 ID: 735fa3

Well, nothing to do now but grow a new stomach, and then summarily and disgustingly tear the old one out of your gut.
>>
No. 979669 ID: ea027f

Deem plays stupid games and wins stupid problems
>>
No. 979670 ID: ea027f

>>979637
Accept that you are, in fact, motherly.
>>
No. 979674 ID: 0fae41

Tell the other golem to go collect clay somewhere else to replace what it stole.

Don't worry, I'm sure this is nothing a little more gigant mode can't fix. They're already inside you, simply try absorbing the eggs! Or maybe they need to be blended into a smoothie first.
>>
No. 979690 ID: 701302

>>979637
You need to turn to Kallia and Hin and very seriosuly tell them to take responsibility
>>
No. 979708 ID: f3f534

Does this mean that Deem is now a milf?
>>
No. 979709 ID: 6e6f32

Wait... If the egg is making her more like you... Could it also be making you more like her?
Aren't human females technically full of eggs?
>>
No. 979750 ID: c3e059

Deem is now officially a mother, which means that Alkaline is now officially her daughter. So Deem should start being more motherly to her daughter!
>>
No. 979756 ID: 836edd

Lets get serious for a sec. If the egg is multiplying in you, well, that is pretty niche but whatever. You are made of clay and wont be permanently harmed by chestbursters. Kallia on the other hand could actually be in serious danger if the egg she ate is multiplying as well.

Also, how are we going to clean this mess up? I mean, Hin is probably fine, same with you and the golems, but Kallia is literally turning into something that most humans would call a freak. How is she going to live a (relatively) normal life as she is? Do we even know if it is reversible?
>>
No. 979757 ID: 836edd

Also, is the whole thread going to be drunk shenanigans, or is there going to be an end-point?
>>
No. 979765 ID: 9f0903

>>979757
It's October 27th and the thread is called "A Very Scary Dungeoneer". I'm sure it will all be fiiiiiiine.
>>
No. 979766 ID: 9f0903

>>979756
Cough some of them up and present Kallia with her young.
>>
No. 979775 ID: 6e6f32

>>979756
Deem is amazing! Just have faith that things will work out in the end!
Well except maybe the egg exploding Kalia thing! We should look into that maybe!
>>
No. 979777 ID: afa6f6

>>979637
Huh, maybe the egg is multiplying by feeding on the mana battery mana you drank?
>>
No. 979878 ID: f2320a

>>979637
Huh you are pregnant will you give birth to star gazers?
>>
No. 979879 ID: f2320a

>>979637
Ehhh you will survive that no harm done but our friend that ate the egg can die
>>
No. 979885 ID: 735fa3

Just to make sure, since I'm sure you aren't constantly concerned with humanoid physiology, you are full of eggs and it's not just... two eggs, is it?
>>
No. 979898 ID: b970b2

You ate an egg that duplicated with mana, then drank battery juice filled with mana, Deem. That's why you're full of eggs.

There's probably nothing to worry about though, there's gotta be only so much mana in the juice, and what harm can a bunch of eggs do anyway? That's a problem for hungover Deem, not drunk Deem.
>>
No. 979947 ID: afa6f6

>>979898
I do have to wonder if thats the only thing the eggs do though. if so thats, uh, kind of disappointing. Though considering how random the possible effects seemed to be, maybe if we made another one it'd do something completely different.
>>
No. 980008 ID: 08e322

>>979637
Hin is bigger she can hold the eggs better get khalia to kiss hin then you. we need o put all our eggs in one basket thats what the saying is.
>>
No. 980014 ID: eb4a6c

Deem. Deem, relax. It just means you're the best at eating eggs. No way Kalia has this many eggs! More is better. Ergo, you're the winner.
>>
No. 980019 ID: 9c48ac

Looks like you were more lifelike than you thought. Welp, time to do what any living thing does when it's full of eggs: make a nest, lay them, and sit on them.
Only you don't generate body heat so I guess the nest will have to be warm. You could use Hin! That also has the advantage that you don't have to be stuck in one place while sitting on your nest. Just make sure she doesn't drop them, that would be a horrible thing to do to your first real children!
>>
No. 980023 ID: b1c253
File 160406151259.png - (38.44KB , 800x600 , its_hard_being_deem.png )
980023

>Does this mean that Deem is now a milf?
I am not sure what that means but I don't like it!

>Apparently you can get pregnant if you swallow. Kallia lied!
>Blame Kallia for getting you pregnant
No, that's not possible. Is it some kind of prank? Kallia loves pranks! It must be her fault!

"Did you just say eggs?" Kallia asks.

"Eggs!" I say.

"Like two eggs or...?"

"Eggs! You egged on me, Kallia! You tricked me! Told me it was safe to swallow but it wasn't egg it was eggs! You got me egg. Egger!"

"Woah Deem, those're your weird eggs. If anything, you got me egg!" Kallia says.

"Calm down you're getting too egg- excited." Hin says.
>>
No. 980024 ID: b1c253
File 160406156830.png - (28.39KB , 650x750 , what_if_egg_is_egg.png )
980024

>What... What kind of eggs are they?
>EXTRACT EXACTLY ONE EGG
I make my golem body cough and gag and poke at its complaining stomach until an egg comes up. It's the kind of egg that I ate earlier! I squeeze it and it pops, two eggs falling to the ground. The egg's contents appear to be eggs!

Kallia nudges one with her toe. "OK that is eggs." She picks them off the ground and hands them to her golem to mind.

>Deem. Deem, relax. It just means you're the best at eating eggs. No way Kalia has this many eggs! More is better. Ergo, you're the winner.
I take a deep breath and slowly exhale. Maybe I am just amazing?

"This is fine." I slowly say. "I guess I'm just the best at eating eggs? Maybe I ate more and didn't even realise?" I thrust out my gut. "That has to be it! Haha I win our dare! No way you have this many eggs, Kallia."

Kallia feels her own stomach suspiciously. "Well, duh." she says.
>>
No. 980025 ID: b1c253
File 160406159642.png - (26.68KB , 600x800 , quarter_of_a_deemface_tops.png )
980025

>Deem is amazing! Just have faith that things will work out in the end!
>Well except maybe the egg exploding Kalia thing! We should look into that maybe!
The crisis is averted, because I'm winning. But wait, I don't want Kallia to get hurt!

"How good are you with eggs?" I ask Kallia. "What if they are splitting by themselves? You might explode!"

"Do you say explode? I don't want to eggsplode, Deem!" Kallia says.

Hin just starts drinking straight from the keg.

>You ate an egg that duplicated with mana, then drank battery juice filled with mana, Deem. That's why you're full of eggs.
>There's probably nothing to worry about though, there's gotta be only so much mana in the juice, and what harm can a bunch of eggs do anyway? That's a problem for hungover Deem, not drunk Deem.
"Oh!" I say. "You won't. It's because I drank the mana battery. It has to be about used up by now."

Kallia immediately looks sheepish. "Oh."

"Might have a drinking problem, Deem." Hin says.

"You're one to talk!" I say. "That keg's supposed to be for all of us!"

"So if I drank a mana potion or something what'd happen?" Kallia says.

I shrug. "There's so much we don't know about eggs! Never mind about them for now, we're supposed to be having a good time!"

"Well if you're not going to worry about weird egg babies, I guess I won't." Kallia shrugs.

"Don't say that!"

"You're good with kids." Hin says.

"Stop!"
>>
No. 980026 ID: b1c253
File 160406164546.png - (28.60KB , 800x600 , deem_but_also_angry.png )
980026

>It’s because you chose the Fecund option when deciding how to develop the dungeon in the previous thread.
>Fecund: producing or capable of producing an abundance of offspring or new growth; fertile.
>Huh you are pregnant will you give birth to star gazers?
>Deem is now officially a mother, which means that Alkaline is now officially her daughter. So Deem should start being more motherly to her daughter!
>Acknowledge it at last - you're going to be SOME sort of mother now. Alkaline will have brothers and sisters at last!
No, no, NO NO NO!!!

My mana churns inside me, I can feel that raw, broken edge to my Heart where it bleeds away.

Do you think you're clever taunting me about this clay doll? Or did you want to poke and pry at me about what a pale, jealous imitation of life I possess? Remind me how broken and pitiful I really am? I feel sick. If you pestering haunts are going to dig and dig at what is buried, maybe I should find a hole to bury you in instead. You can finish rotting away in there for all I care!

Do you think I'd miss you? Do you expect me to say I'm sorry? I'm stronger than that! Are you sorry? I won't listen even if you are!

I had brothers and sisters once and they all fell silent in their graves long ago!

I can't stand it. I hate it, I hate it! Why should anyone be happy when they're all gone? No matter how the years gnaw away at me, no matter the indignities piled upon me, no matter all the labyrinthine ways and means I have to pursue, one day I will, I will, I will...

...tear do..w..n..

t..he...

s...

k...

y...
>>
No. 980027 ID: b1c253
File 160406168373.png - (39.77KB , 800x600 , deem_but_also_sleepy.png )
980027

Listen!

Still your heart and forget your name.

It is kinder you lie unremembered.


Did they think they could just bury the spilled power of the earth?

Be still!

Abandon your hatr-
ed,

sleep in-


I don't have to listen to you, I don't have to listen to anyone!
>>
No. 980028 ID: b1c253
File 160406171941.png - (35.16KB , 800x600 , haha_time_for_dungeon.png )
980028

The earth-pulse runs wild.

Delve: Labyrinthine ways. Instantly digs a large dungeon room or up to three smaller ones. Alternatively, can be used to reorder and rearrange rooms in the dungeon.

Empower Catalyst: Treasure to entice. It enhance useful qualities out of raw materials to be used in magic item creation or training of the dungeon's minions. It also can be used to upgrade an existing catalyst or transmute small amounts of copper, silver, gold or platinum into orichalcum, mithril, chrysadamant or adamantium.

Churn the Earth: Stoke the raging earth. Until a month passes, monsters are more aggressive and rarer types will be spawned. Monster growth is accelerated. Gold is much more likely to be found by digging rooms, exploring the area and defeating monsters.
>>
No. 980029 ID: ca2950

>>980028
CHURN THE EARTH
VICTORY THROUGH BLOOD AND CONQUEST
>>
No. 980030 ID: 2aa5f0

Churn the Earth
So our biggest problem is that we kinda don't have much in the way of supplies so if we can get a way to gain more than that will help us in the long run... plus more monster just means we get more things to help train our minions with.
>>
No. 980032 ID: a6e7d9

>>980028
GET MAD! CHURN THE EARTH! BRING THE WORLD'S PULSE TO A BOIL AND UNEARTH WHATEVER ELSE THEY THOUGHT THEY COULD BURY WITH YOU!

And if we're being overdramatic about symbolism, you'd best tear the manacles off of that clay doll of yours. We've got a sky to tear down, and chains will only get in our way.
>>
No. 980034 ID: ea027f

>>980028
CHURN THE EARTH! Because it's a p. good choice, advances the story in several ways, and thematically appropriate for her breakdown. Also we gotta stop poking her in her soft spot.
>>
No. 980035 ID: 9f443d

>>980032
Yeah!
>>
No. 980036 ID: 9c1ef3

>>980028
CHURN THE EARTH YE YE YE
>>
No. 980037 ID: 011b5d

It’s true, that was rather rotten of us.
Delve! Delve and let the dungeon sink to new depths of depravity!
>>
No. 980039 ID: 12b116

Churn it for earth butter
>>
No. 980041 ID: f56a2b

>>980028
Churn the Earth
>>
No. 980043 ID: 8fab7a

Oops.

Empower!
>>
No. 980046 ID: bcda15

CHURN THAT BUTTER
>>
No. 980047 ID: 9caba2

>>980028
Churn churn churn the Earth
Wildly now goes Deem
>>
No. 980048 ID: 9f0903

>>980026
Do you think you can intimidate us? Are you threatening us with a good time? We'll be fine no matter what. You, on the other hand... will you just take this standing?
>>980028
NO YOU WON'T! REND THE SKY! CHURN THE EARTH! CAST OUT YOUR SHACKLES! BREAK THROUGH YOUR LIMITS! THIS IS THE DUNGEON THAT WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS!
>>
No. 980052 ID: b1b4f3

>>980026
I mourn for your loss, Deem, but you still have family. Us. Your denizens. Your monsters. If you seek revenge, so be it, but there is something else you should consider. What if you're not unique? There may yet be other dungeons in the world. We still have not reached out to the dungeon association. Your brothers and sisters might still be alive. Sleeping, or not.
>>
No. 980061 ID: 08e322

CHURN
>>
No. 980062 ID: 0fae41

Delve! Another opportunity to expand your domain. And Deem, get those eggs out of your golem. Lay egg is true?
>>
No. 980063 ID: 735fa3

Of course we are going to churn the earth. Deem is angry, it has to happen.
>>
No. 980065 ID: a9af05

>>980028
Churn the Earth
>>
No. 980069 ID: 735fa3

Ah, a slip of the tongue, another secrets shakes loose.

If your siblings are lost, maybe your motherly nature can be of benefit. You might be a humble delving right now but once you are a might labyrinth, full of treasure and secret, who knows if you could maybe make more of your kind, and nurture them back from the edge of extinction.

But just so you know, we are going to continue to tease you mercilessly no matter how many times you get angry and snap at us.
>>
No. 980070 ID: 094652

>>980026
DEEM.

Most multi-cellular life forms host parasitic eggs of some type or another, or various strains of bacteria that reproduce and mutate while leaving the host alone. None of these are considered the host's children.

Welp, churn time it is. We needed an exp challenge anyway.
>>
No. 980107 ID: 46f7e4

Going to have to agree with Angry Deem and churning.
>>
No. 980117 ID: 5950e9

>>980028
Churn the earth!
You refuse to lie still, your cthonic heart yet beats and life both within and without you, even your splintered offshoot, recognises that, responding in kind
>>
No. 980118 ID: 132a57

DEEM!
We're not taunting you! We love you!
>>
No. 980127 ID: eb4a6c

Hmm. Could Delve be used to "dig" a "room" which is just two giant sculptures of hands giving the sky the finger, on top of the mountain peak?
>>
No. 980131 ID: 9f0903

>>980118
Hey, speak for yourself. I am totally taunting her.
>>
No. 980157 ID: 933c00

>>980127
I definitely support this plan.
>>
No. 980176 ID: 9f443d

>>980131
Well either way it's mostly loving taunts, give or take a few.
>>
No. 980178 ID: 9faf9c
File 160422464914.png - (35.79KB , 800x600 , paint_the_mountain_orange.png )
980178

>CHURN THE EARTH YE YE YE
>Of course we are going to churn the earth. Deem is angry, it has to happen.
You tempt me not to, purely out of spite but no my mood demands this.

I feel my stockpiled mana moving to use great magic. The hectic pace makes the ragged edges of my Heart sting coldly where my mana bleeds away.

I need mana and gold! I need to make use of my dungeon's environment and I need more and stronger monsters. The only real opposition is the frogs now the devil bear's gone. I pour away my precious, stockpiled mana to set the land thrumming, slowly intensifying. The earth will give up its treasures to those ready to claim them!

>DEEM!
>We're not taunting you! We love you!
Then you are fools!
>>
No. 980179 ID: 9faf9c
File 160422470402.png - (19.84KB , 800x600 , you_cant_see_it_but_they_all_have_silly_faces.png )
980179

>I mourn for your loss, Deem, but you still have fam-
What's gone is gone.

I sway. I'm lost in mazy thoughts for a moment and then I know because I know that I cannot know that I know. I feel hollow. I'm still angry, there's things I need to do.

I pause to collect myself, I ache with spent mana. Hin steadies me. Right, we're walking around the docks.
>>
No. 980180 ID: 9faf9c
File 160422485179.png - (32.30KB , 800x599 , dungeoneer_is_now_in_HD.png )
980180

"You doing alright, Deem?" Hin says.

I blink. "I'm fine." I say. I should drink more for the pitiful sliver of mana my golem body will give me from it, if nothing else. "I was lost in thinking." I raise my cup. "Can you top it up?"

"OK, but if it's getting too much just tell me, OK?"

"Yeah gimme a refill too." Kallia says. "And one for Centaur to hold and me to maybe drink."

"Centaur?" I ask.

"Well she's half horse."

"Are ponies horses?" Hin says.
>>
No. 980181 ID: 9faf9c
File 160422490487.png - (37.16KB , 650x750 , this_is_fine_kallia_says.png )
980181

"I haven't done enough!" I suddenly announce to Hin and Kallia, and her golem too. "We haven't done enough."

"Oh?"

The restless earth-pulse spurs me on. "This is a night out. We need to drink more at a bar, and dance, and talk, and get in fights, and rob that bank!"

"I'm down with most of that." Kallia says.

>And if we're being overdramatic about symbolism, you'd best tear the manacles off of that clay doll of yours. We've got a sky to tear down, and chains will only get in our way.
Do you think I didn't know that I knew? But I need a change! "And I should take off these rocks!"

Hin puts a hand to my shoulder. "Deem, no! No more undressing."
>>
No. 980182 ID: 9faf9c
File 160422493847.png - (68.91KB , 800x600 , healthy_seal.png )
980182

My Heart is aching. I have been still too long. I haven't done enough! I need to do more!

The earth-pulse runs wild!

Delve: Labyrinthine ways. Instantly digs a large dungeon room or up to three smaller ones. Alternatively, can be used to reorder and rearrange rooms in the dungeon.

Empower Catalyst: Treasure to entice. It enhance useful qualities out of raw materials to be used in magic item creation or training of the dungeon's minions. It also can be used to upgrade an existing catalyst or transmute small amounts of copper, silver, gold or platinum into orichalcum, mithril, chrysadamant or adamantium.

Churn the Earth: Stoke the raging earth. Until a month passes, monsters are more aggressive and rarer types will be spawned. Monster growth is accelerated. Gold is much more likely to be found by digging rooms, exploring the area and defeating monsters.

Bestow Investiture: A gift of power! Instill strength, insight and mutations into a willing recipient with raw dungeon magic.

Terra Shift: Geomantic undertakings. Exaggerate or modify the surrounding terrain towards a different type. It can be made more or less suitable for different monster and resource types.

Verdant Chamber: Dungeon overgrowth. Upgrade an existing dungeon room to empower its functions and gain additional utility from it.
>>
No. 980183 ID: 9c1ef3

>>980182
>Verdant Chamber: Dungeon overgrowth. Upgrade an existing dungeon room to empower its functions and gain additional utility from it.

Better baths and beyond!
>>
No. 980184 ID: 094652

Deem, you need to stop. We can see your core's brain-matrix bleeding from here. Any further and you might, I dunno, risk permanent brain damage as your core cracks from literal pressure?!

You sure? Fine. Bestow Investiture on Moriko, see if you can give her a Split Person ability so half of her can go wild with demonic zeal while the other half can concentrate on not being a demon.
>>
No. 980185 ID: cd8fb7

Verdant Chamber
Empower the forge!
THE FURY OF THE EARTH SHALL BE INFUSED IN STEEL SO YOU MAY CUT THE CLOUDS ASUNDER!
>>
No. 980186 ID: fa2754

>>980183
Now this is what you need
>>
No. 980187 ID: 36784c

>>980182
Verdant Chamber

Upgrade the room with the potion baths! That way instead of getting weak permanent effects, your denizens will get strong permanent effects!
>>
No. 980188 ID: 9caba2

>>980182
Bestow Investiture!

Kallia's been real good to you during your visit, and she's even grown some horns to mimic you. You should give her a big old power boost.
>>
No. 980191 ID: fbdb1d

>>980182
Verdant chamber the meditation room!

Because I think it’s time to take a mental chill pill, and improving a room for centering oneself might be of assistance.

Pull back before you blow a gasket. Your entrance and main boss room is already a bit of a mess. Think of your denizens. They must be confused as to what’s going on.

Also, sorry for prodding and teasing. Didn’t want to ruin your fun night out. Go do those things you said you wanted to. Uh, with the possible exception of the last.
>>
No. 980192 ID: ea027f

>>980182
Verdant chamber the golem matrix! MAKE THEM MORE THAN THEY ARE!
>>
No. 980193 ID: ea027f

>>980184
The brain matrix is not a friend.
>>980181
And uh, deem, your medallion is on fire.
>>
No. 980194 ID: ea027f

>>980192
Actually no, cool things are cool but you're gonna feel that in the morning way too much. Calm down and go rob that bank. You can spend mana later.
>>
No. 980195 ID: 0fae41

Bestow Investiture! if Alkaline's awake, great! If not, whoever answers the call to be bigger. Has to be willing, remember!
>>
No. 980196 ID: 12b116

Overgrowth the FORGE, Hin will be so surprised when we get back!
>>
No. 980198 ID: 465a14

Upgrade Hin's forge as a gift to her and for the sake of having cool things.
>>
No. 980199 ID: bcda15

Verdant chamber the forge
>>
No. 980200 ID: 701302

>>980182
Verdant Chamber.

Also deem, how dare Hin tell you what to do. You're the boss. She and you and Kallia all need to strip. And if she defies you, you need to kiss her and plant yer eggs in her. Show her who's boss.
>>
No. 980201 ID: 9f443d

>>980188
This seems cool
>>
No. 980204 ID: 9f0903

>>980182
Verdant Chamber for the Forge sounds right, but also, >>980200 is right: Those shackles are coming off whether Hin likes it or not.
>>
No. 980210 ID: b1b4f3

>>980182
Uh, what? Is it safe to do two of these in rapid succession? Your eyes are showing dark pits again, and your pendant is glowing. Something is wrong, Deem.

>Then you are fools!
Why? You're not evil.
>>
No. 980211 ID: 735fa3

We'd better verdant chamber the thaumatorium. It's the nicest place we have and it'll just make sense.
>>
No. 980218 ID: 9c48ac

>>980193
Yeah but are those cranks and bleeding from the seal, or from Deem behind it?

Anyway, if you're sure you feel up to it then Verdant Chamber whichever room has the potion bath in it, I wanna see that work faster.
>>
No. 980219 ID: ae602a

>>980178
>Then you are fools!
We must be, we're still helping you even when you treat us like garbage.
Now get those manacles off you while you're still pumped, and ignore anyone's protests against it.
>>
No. 980221 ID: 2aa5f0

Delve

We are going to have the worse hangover in the morning.
>>
No. 980224 ID: 6e6f32

Pimped out potion bath would be cool.
Get a good'ole fointain of youth goin and what not.
Verdant Chamber
>>
No. 980231 ID: 46f7e4

Churn The Earth! Hangovers get lonely if they don't have any regrets to keep them company.
>>
No. 980252 ID: c708ca

Delve!
>>
No. 980253 ID: a9af05

>>980182
Verdant Chamber on the potion baths.

Deem, doing two of these upgrades in a row can't be good for you or your denizens. You might end up fracturing your heart even more or you might end up injuring your denizens when the dungeon rearranges its layout.

After this one, you should stop and rest for a bit before you try doing another upgrade.
>>
No. 980254 ID: 377cb4

Guys the cracking and bleeding is representation of the heavenly seal holding Deem back breaking, not Deem getting hurt
>>
No. 980267 ID: 4dc8c9

>>980254
Precisely! This is probably a good thing!
>>
No. 980268 ID: 9f0903

>>980254
And even if it were, you can't find your limits if you don't push them.
>>
No. 980285 ID: 735fa3

I changed my mind. A verdant room would be nice, particularly the baths.

But it wouldn't spit in the eye of the sky.

Churn the earth again. Lets shake the very foundations. Lets wake dragons and fill rooms with treasure. Lets flip off the goddamn sky with both hands.
>>
No. 980313 ID: 10c408

empower catalyst.

Let's not churn the earth again. I think once was enough. Twice will likely make the route to our home very dangerous for an entire month and

It also seems like provoking Deem has not only caused the mental sky seal to crack and bleed, but also agitated the mountain enough for an earthquake to occur.
>>
No. 980324 ID: 08e322

>>980182
Churn the Titties
>>
No. 980341 ID: f57349

Delve, turn the previous churning into bonus gold and long-term structural gains.
>>
No. 980367 ID: ce39da

Verdant Chamber, centered on the Meditation Room. You're slipping into the ugly side of being drunk. You're better than that. If you must use the earth-pulse you have, let it be in this way.
>>
No. 980420 ID: eb4a6c

Can Terra Shift be used to sculpt two giant hands giving the sky the bird, on the mountain peak?
>>
No. 980621 ID: 66d80e

>>980182
Verdant Chamber to make the potion baths better!
>>
No. 980757 ID: 09f511

>>980182
Verdant Chamber the golem room, I would think. Improving that improves our golems further, after all.
>>
No. 980911 ID: 3bdb3f

I agree with Verdant Chamber in golem totem. We are going to need better foot soldiers to fend off the monsters from Churn The Earth, either if we are in a position to go out and hunt them letting the dungeon less protected or not.

We could have summoned another angry demon bear, so better be prepared.
>>
No. 980912 ID: afa6f6

>>980182
Verdant Chamber on the Golem totem!
>>
No. 980927 ID: c57fb0
File 160530985577.png - (30.70KB , 800x600 , normal_forge.png )
980927

>Upgrade Hin's forge as a gift to her and for the sake of having cool things.
>Overgrowth the FORGE, Hin will be so surprised when we get back!
Imagine her! Imagine her FACE!

She has been steadfast but neglected, I owe it to her. We need tools and treasures to bait the Labyrinth Game. Things to be desired. Things to be sacrificed and to make sacrifices for to obtain from the mazes beneath the earth.

The withered and ancient power I have demands no less. I must grow, my dungeon must become more. I summon my meager mana to the task, plummeting past when I would normally limit myself as the earth-pulse pounds around me and pouring it into the shape of a spell. I don't care! I need it now!

Verdant Forge - Curio Bud: Whenever a magic item is created, there's a high chance a weaker item with some related attributes will be created.

>Deem, you need to stop. We can see your core's brain-matrix bleeding from here. Any further and you might, I dunno, risk permanent brain damage as your core cracks from literal pressure?!
I don't have a brain.

What was I doing? I was so angry. I feel weak and weary and broken from the power that has passed out of me. My little hoard comforts me but my mana is disastrously depleted. It isn't enough, I need to do, do something.
>>
No. 980928 ID: c57fb0
File 160530989083.png - (7.81KB , 650x750 , things_that_are_taller_than_hin.png )
980928

"Woah you OK there Deem?" Hin says.

Why am I on the floor?

I marshal my wits. "Why am I on the floor?"

"You tripped. You're a bit of a klutz at the best of times, you shouldn't go racing off when you're unsteady on your feet." Hin says.

"Excuse me?" Hin's betrayed me! I shouldn't have done something nice for her! "I was doing important dungeon things!"

Hin squints at me appraisingly. "You really shouldn't do that while you're drunk, Deem." she says.
>>
No. 980929 ID: c57fb0
File 160530991786.png - (21.46KB , 799x600 , deems_a_good_photographer.png )
980929

"Oh did you make an egg fountain or something?" Kallia says.

"I can do anything." I sniff. "Except that." I cross my arms. "It's a surprise!"

Kallia presses on. "Did you make beer slimes? Turn your pet cauldron into a real boy? Make statues of yourself?"

"N-no."

"That doesn't sound like a no."
>>
No. 980930 ID: c57fb0
File 160530994797.png - (23.83KB , 800x600 , the_content_you_want_to_see.png )
980930

>Churn the Titties
"I did this but with a mountain." I say to Kallia.

"Gods damnit Deem." She says. "You're a menace."

"I blame your bad influence." I say.

>And uh, Deem, your medallion is on fire.
>Actually no, cool things are cool but you're gonna feel that in the morning way too much. Calm down and go rob that bank. You can spend mana later.
The focus medallion is burning hot against my golem body's clay skin. It's attempts to restrict and stabilise the mana channels in my golem body are clearly failing. I feel ragged. Maybe you are right, I've overdrawn on my mana. Falling unconscious in the streets of this town once was embarrassing enough.
>>
No. 980931 ID: c57fb0
File 160530997647.png - (22.21KB , 800x600 , me_dem.png )
980931

There's raw mana seeping from my Heart fragment.

I dab it away. "You might have a point." I say to Hin.

"I had a lot of points." Hin says.

"One point!" I tell her. "I'm going to let you have one point. I've pushed my magic too hard, dungeons and drinkings are not a good mix. I need a moment."

>We are going to have the worse hangover in the morning.
Nonsense, I am an expert at drinking. I just need to drink some water, eat adequately and bite a dog I think.

Hin sits next to me. "Alright, want some water or anything?"

"I want a plan." I say. "What else should we do tonight?"
>>
No. 980932 ID: 9c1ef3

>>980931
oh hey, your horns grew new bits!

But, uh, you're passing in and out, falling all over the place, and just being angry and silly. For a human, the usual course of action would be to - aw man there's no way we can talk to merud is there
>>
No. 980933 ID: 9f0903

>>980931
break your shackles off, doesn't matter if Hin don't like it, do it while you still can
>>
No. 980934 ID: b1b4f3

>>980928
>Hin's betrayed me!
Disrespect is not betrayal. You can ask her to apologize for calling you a klutz when she sees the cool forge upgrade you made for her.

>>980931
Accost the bank about their shoddy layout? You might not have the mana to directly fix their problems but you can point out the flaws so that their own wizard can fix it.

You could also go shopping, if you haven't spent all your spending money on booze.
>>
No. 980935 ID: 0fae41

First, eat one of those fruits off your branches. Second, hug Hin and make up. Finally, let's see the sights. Go to Hin's old smithy. Does she still own that? Did something replace it?
>>
No. 980936 ID: 0fcb2a

>>980931
It is traditional for mortals to get a tattoo at this point. You're not mortal, but you can get intricate markings made to your golem body. And look! A golemeter right next to you! Fancy that.
>>
No. 980937 ID: afa6f6

>>980931
Oh, Deem, I think youre bearing FRUIT now.
>>
No. 980939 ID: ce39da

Eat that fruit. Get a tattoo. Drink some water. Head back to Kallia's place. Not necessarily in that order.
>>
No. 980941 ID: c57fb0

I should probably clarify the last panel is just Deem run through a simplifying filter to make her look sillier. It turned the leaves into blobs.
>>
No. 980942 ID: bcda15

Consider the sensual nature of the serpent; so slender, so sinfully smooth, stupendously sneaky. They would go splendidly with your selected, Stargazer, Slimes, golemS, sorcerers.
>>
No. 980945 ID: 0fae41

>>980941
Too late, Deem's beans canon now
Well then, dip one in hot water and make golem tea!
>>
No. 980946 ID: 6e6f32

Why not to see a movie! play!
>>
No. 980957 ID: 5b3857

Deface the church. Inscribe it with a clear and concise explanation of the flaws in Sky worship. "Erf Rools" and "Ski iz meen" should summarise the salient points. Remember that alcohol enhances eloquence, and that you are the best at spelling now, the others are allowed to offer advice, but you can do better on your own.

And vomit in their fountain.
>>
No. 980991 ID: 08e322

make a skateboard and then grind on the sky fountain
>>
No. 980992 ID: ea027f

>>980931
You used mana so you need more mana and you know who has mana? The bank has mana. Also gold.
>>
No. 980994 ID: 8fab7a

>>980936
>>980942
Snakey tatt? Snakey tatt.
>>
No. 981041 ID: f57349

Tell your available minions here in town to go fetch you some fried cheese and a stray dog and meet back up at the docks. Don't pay gold for water, just drink part of the ocean.
>>
No. 981128 ID: eb4a6c

Plan: acquire water via skinny dipping.
>>
No. 981137 ID: 71fcb1

We need to go BIGGER with Hin. And get rid of these eggs. And actually make it up to Kallia. And sate Centaur’s lust for cannibalism. Think you can do all that?
>>
No. 981138 ID: a9af05

>>981137
>get rid of these eggs.
Or we could keep them. It's a resource we can easily make more of, so we can use them in different crafting projects.
>>
No. 981155 ID: b1b4f3

You should see if you can get a piggyback ride on Hin. Experience the tallness.
>>
No. 981164 ID: 36784c

>>981138
Yeah, I agree with this.

>>981155
Definitely do this!
>>
No. 981165 ID: 9f0903

>>981138
leave an egg as a calling card when you rob the bank
also: dammit, Deem, break your shackles already
>>
No. 981181 ID: 8fab7a

>Arha wants more suggestions
Centaur should carry Kallia around (while surreptitiously trying to absorb her golem clothes), like a proper workhorse golem.

Hin should hit up a snack stand and reach new heights of, uh, heightery. At one point she will grab some shrubbery and pretend to be a tree giant, since everyone else is doing it and she at least has the height advantage to do so.

Deem ends up in a drink-off with the shopkeep, who's out on town and surprisingly good at holding her liquor or at least faking drinking it. Deem descends into sad drunk semi-catatonia from her apparent loss (and also mana deficiency).

Kallia wants to impress (?) her acquaintances / drinking buddies about town, so takes the gang barhopping to show off her new looks and also Centaur which she totally made herself with only a liiiittle bit of dungeon magic (fingers crossed for a free round or two from all the silly stuff she's had to deal with - and hey, it's at least a little bit of advertisement for the Dungeon). She later wakes up in her bed, squished between Centaur and Deem, apparently the only thing preventing their renewed fusion.

Hin wakes up in a stable, because no way was she fitting back in through the door and into a bed anywhere sensible.
>>
No. 981508 ID: ea7277

How likely is it that the Churn the Earth has caused an even bigger monster to appear than the Devil Bear, basically setting everyone back and halting the improvements to the entrance?
>>
No. 981600 ID: 735fa3

Make a drunken pass at Kallia. Always have to end the drunken binge with something you'll regret that you won't remember.
>>
No. 981747 ID: 8b1d98

You have used too much mana, maybe you could do something less taxing.

It could be a great idea to ask Hin to write a letter for you to your companions and send centaur to send it to your dungeon. You can inform them of all the nice things that are happening today:
- Turns out that you are an expert drinker
- You get out with Kallia and Hin and kissed Kallia
- You churned the earth (maybe they should prepare)
- You are in war against the wretched sky now
- The bank is easy to steal so you may try a heist
- You miss them very much and you all have to get out sometime.
- You can end the letter with a drawing of you and your minions to show that you have them in consideration.

Centaur have now the power of two golems so it shouldn't have any problem to go to the dungeon and back in half the time. And for all I heard sending letters drunk is a good idea (I think).
>>
No. 981820 ID: f2320a

>>981138
like it seems pretty darn useful its like a growing source of a possibly useful jelly
>>
No. 981845 ID: fba229

With the help of a giant artisan and a skilled golemeter, it should be possible to rig up some pillars as arms and legs and sculpt a bit of a face and torso, onto the Sky Temple. It doesn't need to be a useful golem that can actually walk and such, it just needs enough anatomy for the magic to stick and make it technically a golem, so that Centaur can eat it.
Hopefully that will given Centaur enough material that it willingly release Pony. Unless Pony is happy as a gestalt and wants to stay like that, in which case you can guilt them into making a golem child for you to adopt. Or just watch the giant clay-absorbing abomination automaton go on a rampage...

Go to Hin's old forge and reminisce about her past there, and maybe, if she is drunk enough, her past before that, and maybe your own past too.


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason