[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki] :: [Discord]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Embed (advanced)   Help
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 25600 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 159163991437.png - (224.42KB , 700x600 , 1.png )
969223 No. 969223 ID: c1eaac

Chapter One: https://tgchan.org/kusaba/quest/res/897839.html
Chapter Two: https://questden.org/kusaba/quest/res/924496.html
Disthread: https://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/124957.html
Expand all images
>>
No. 969224 ID: c1eaac
File 159163993030.png - (121.70KB , 700x600 , 2.png )
969224

Your name is Camio son of Who-The-Fuck-Cares, Lord of Hell by virtue of being Ornias's favorite, honorably discharged and decorated officer by virtue of nearly blowing yourself to bits during the second war with Heaven. Everyone in your immediate social circle is at one of Jasper's horrible dinner parties tonight, but no one invited you to come with them. You aren't offended by this in the slightest. You like having time to yourself much more than you like going to court or to parties, and now you have a whole evening to do whatever you want.

Right now you're lifting weights, but you're starting to get bored, and your arms are tired. You should probably get cleaned up and dressed and find something else to occupy your time.

What will you do?

> Check on your human.
> Check your mail.
> Wander aimlessly about the house.
> Take a nap.
> Something else?
>>
No. 969226 ID: 70df1e

check on your human!
>>
No. 969230 ID: 7f1c4a

blues clues mail song dot mp4
>>
No. 969233 ID: 46fcdd

Mail mail mail mail
>>
No. 969282 ID: 99de74

yes do the mail Camio
>>
No. 969284 ID: 10c408

reminisce on the second war with heaven.
>>
No. 969293 ID: c1eaac
File 159172964071.png - (115.66KB , 700x600 , 3.png )
969293

You change back into your night clothes, clean up your exercise room a bit, and shuffle your way down the hall to the study, making sure to grab your cane from where you left it on the floor. Your bad leg isn't bothering you too much tonight, and you'd like to keep it that way. It was hurt badly in the explosion that nearly killed you, and never healed right, probably because the explosive was angel-made. Injuries made with angel weapons either heal badly or not at all.

You don't use the study for much besides letter-opening, so the desk is piled high with notes and gifts from admirers that you've never touched, mostly because you can't be bothered to respond to every single one of them. Unfortunately, not getting a reply doesn't exactly deter some of the people trying to court you. You can't imagine why they wouldn't just give up and send gifts to someone more reciprocal.
>>
No. 969294 ID: c1eaac
File 159172965230.png - (105.61KB , 700x600 , 4.png )
969294

You haven't checked since you opened a letter from Glasya-Labolas this afternoon, but it looks like some more recent mail was dropped off here at some point. You have two letters addressed to you, one with a wax seal and one smelling heavily of floral perfume, and a package addressed to Umara, your human. A servant must have brought that one here by mistake.
>>
No. 969296 ID: f02d50

Perfume letter perfume letter perfume l
>>
No. 969297 ID: 70df1e

perfume letter!
>>
No. 969314 ID: c1eaac
File 159174155186.png - (175.70KB , 700x600 , 5.png )
969314

You open up the smaller, more aggressively scented envelope, and are largely unsurprised to find that it's from the Baroness Oleander, a new money noble who has been attempting to court you rather aggressively.

My lord,

I enjoyed dancing with you at Duke Eligos's latest party, and wonder if you would do me the honor of joining me for lunch tomorrow at my estate. I anticipate it will be a small and intimate affair, in light of your previously expressed distaste for large gatherings.

I anxiously await your response.

Yours,

Oleander

You read the letter twice over, debate throwing it onto one of the large piles of unopened mail, but set it aside instead. Oleander's intentions for an intimate lunch are pretty clear, you think, and you might want to pursue it further. You like her candor. And her looks.
>>
No. 969315 ID: c1eaac
File 159174156111.png - (175.38KB , 700x600 , 6.png )
969315

...yeah, you definitely have a type.
>>
No. 969316 ID: c1eaac
File 159174157571.png - (119.11KB , 700x600 , 7.png )
969316

Anyway, you still have one letter left to open, and a package that needs to go to Umara.
>>
No. 969345 ID: b1b4f3

Read sealed letter. Continue to not open the package.
>>
No. 969363 ID: fbb227

since you're already checking the mail, might as well open the other letter!
>>
No. 969364 ID: d7f01b

read the remaining letter.....but snoop on who the package is from.
>>
No. 969368 ID: 1d1db0

>>969364
yeah!!
>>
No. 969369 ID: 70df1e

open the other letter! ruminate on if you will go to oleanders...
>>
No. 969391 ID: c1eaac
File 159181560005.png - (88.69KB , 700x600 , 8.png )
969391

You slit open the remaining letter, and are surprised to see that it's from Princess Eisheth, Glas's mother. That can't be good. It's written in business-like High Demonic, with some archaic turns of phrase that you struggle to read, but you think you get the jist of it well enough.

Lord Camio,

It is my understanding that you intend to court my son Glasya-Labolas. I confess that I do not know much about you that has not been spread through idle gossip, and that is an oversight that I should like to correct. I think that you are suitable enough to accompany him to parties and the like, but I am inclined to meet you before I make a final decision. If you have no prior obligations, please join me for lunch tomorrow at my estate.

Sincerely,

Princess Eisheth Lilithson

Well, you suppose that solves the problem of whether or not to go to Oleander's tomorrow. Though you could always blow off Eisheth. Oleander's lunch invitation is much more enticing than meeting the ancient and powerful mother of someone you've only just started flirting with.
>>
No. 969392 ID: c1eaac
File 159181561773.png - (134.63KB , 700x600 , 9.png )
969392

You set Eisheth's letter aside for now, and pick up the box meant for Umara. The label appears to be written in English, rather than any demonic or angelic script, so it's harder for you to parse. You recognize Umara's name, and not a whole lot else.

Umara would probably just tell you what the package is if you brought it to her, though, so you suppose you could find her and do that. Or you could write replies to the letters you opened before finishing up in the study.
>>
No. 969403 ID: 70df1e

lets go see umara these letters sound like a problem for Future Camio
>>
No. 969418 ID: fbb227

>>969403
agreed
>>
No. 969419 ID: 10c408

Raincheck Oleander, royalty requires your presence for less fun things.
>>
No. 969459 ID: f63434

Unfortunately, rain check Oleander, but write her an indulgent letter expressing your sadness at having prior engagements maybe? Then take the package to Umara for a visit!
>>
No. 969771 ID: c1eaac
File 159225750015.png - (81.23KB , 700x600 , 10.png )
969771

You dash off a quick letter to Oleander to let her know that you've been summoned by a princess and can't make it to lunch, unless she'd like to reschedule. Hopefully she'll understand. When a princess - and a Lilithkin - as old as Eisheth asks to meet you, you don't turn her down.

That done, you tuck the package under one arm, take up your cane again, and set off to find Umara. Your house is big, much bigger than you'd like it to be, so she could be anywhere. You suspect that she's on the first floor somewhere, and you do hear voices from the kitchen as you wander towards it.
>>
No. 969772 ID: c1eaac
File 159225752544.png - (256.20KB , 700x600 , 11.png )
969772

Sure enough, Umara is in there. She raises an eyebrow at you as you enter, leaning against the stove and drinking a cup of coffee.

"Camio," she says.

"Umara," you say, politely.

The two of you are definitely on much better terms than you were when you first abducted her to Hell. You've had a healthy amount of respect for her since she took out your eye, and she hasn't threatened you with a knife since, so you think things are going well. Having a human is in vogue these days, so Ornias pressured you into finding one, but you find it much less stressful to treat Umara like a regular house guest than as a pet or accessory. And she seems to like your house, for what it's worth.
>>
No. 969773 ID: c1eaac
File 159225753816.png - (252.96KB , 700x600 , 12.png )
969773

Her companion in the kitchen is an angel, the sight of which would have been shocking in your household a few decades ago. But Duma is a friend - and sometimes more than that, if you're honest. You hooked up with them at court a while ago, and they've been showing up to your estate on the regular ever since. They're one of the few people you and Umara can agree on, so they're allowed to stay.

Duma gives you a little wave, their own cup of coffee hovering untouched next to them. You wave back, and manage what you think is a decent enough smile.
>>
No. 969775 ID: c1eaac
File 159225757937.png - (173.04KB , 700x600 , 13.png )
969775

"What's that?" Umara asks, nodding at the package under your arm.

"Don't know," you grunt, setting the box down on one of the marble countertops. Your kitchen has too much space in it. Your whole mansion does, really. Most of the space is empty, because you never bothered to decorate.

"It's for you," you elaborate, when Umara gives you a look.

"Huh," she says, leaning over to read the label. "It must be the books Eligos said he was gonna send me. He said he had some English ones, if I wanted something to read."

You stare at the box. Eligos is sending gifts to your human? Knowing Eligos as well as you do, that can't be anything good. He's definitely up to something, whether it's trying to seduce Umara or trying to get dirt on you for whatever reason. Or maybe he's doing it just to annoy you. You almost want to warn Umara away from him, but you can't be sure that she won't take that the wrong way.
>>
No. 969778 ID: 83417b

grab a drink and wait to see what's in the box
maybe we will get lucky and it'll be something completely different
>>
No. 969780 ID: 70df1e

warn her and duma about eligos. or better yet straight up lie and say that eligos is in a very serious relationship with someone to ruin his chances. peak comedy
>>
No. 969781 ID: b1b4f3

>>969775
It's hard to come to a reasonable conclusion without more info. Ask her what Eligos has been talking to her about. Warning her is good, but phrase it with respect. Something like, he can't possibly have good intentions so she should be on her guard.

Also, you just happened to have an angel-forged knife sitting around?
>>
No. 969998 ID: 26262d

Maybe Eligos jut want to be nice ! who knows !
>>
No. 971524 ID: c1eaac
File 159398940259.png - (205.44KB , 700x600 , 14.png )
971524

> Also, you just happened to have an angel-forged knife sitting around?

Yes. You have several angel-forged weapons, actually, collected from angels you killed during the war. It's not the weirdest thing you've seen soldiers collect.
>>
No. 971525 ID: c1eaac
File 159398941954.png - (212.19KB , 700x600 , 15.png )
971525

You turn away from Umara to fix yourself a drink, putting a kettle on for tea rather than pouring a mug of coffee from the still-warm pot. It's too late for coffee - it would keep you up all night if you had some now.

"I didn't know you and Eligos were friends," you say, cautiously.

"We're not," Umara says, with a snort. You can hear her tearing open the package behind you. "Last time he came to see you, you were over at Or's, so he stayed to chat with me. Only for a little bit." She pauses. "He's kind of a prick."

"He is," you agree, with a snort. Eligos is one of your oldest friends, but there is absolutely no denying that he is kind of a prick. "What did you talk about?"

"Not a whole lot. Mostly what I do when I'm actually being a human, in the human world. He said he knows some humans who keep summoning him to hang out with them, so we compared notes." You glance over your shoulder just in time to see Umara shrug. "I told him I sometimes got bored around here, and he offered to send me some books in English, so I took him up on it. And then he left."
>>
No. 971526 ID: c1eaac
File 159398943355.png - (209.33KB , 700x600 , 16.png )
971526

Huh. You didn't know Eligos had been traveling to Earth with any frequency, nor that he apparently has secret humans he's been keeping from you. Do Or and Murmur know? Probably not, or one of them would have come running to you with the gossip. That's something good to hold over Eligos's head later.

"Eligos is kind of a prick," Duma chimes in, a little belatedly. "I heard he's been flirting with diplomats -"

Before any of you can go any farther down that particular road of gossip, there's a sharp knocking at the front door that cuts Duma off.

"You gonna get that?" Umara asks, shooting you a sidelong glance.

You grimace. You weren't expecting any company at all tonight, and you're definitely not fit to be seen by any nobles who aren't in your close circle of friends - who are all at Jasper's party. You suppose you could ignore whoever's at the door, or go peek and then decide whether or not to ignore them. If you ignore them completely, there's also a chance that a servant will hear the knocking and answer the door regardless.
>>
No. 971528 ID: 70df1e

go take a peek and then decide whether or not to ignore them!
>>
No. 971537 ID: 242298

take a peek! let's see who's at the door before we slam it in their face (metaphorically)
>>
No. 971559 ID: 629891

peek! peek! peek!
>>
No. 971601 ID: 44b1b5

"I'll go see who it is. Umara, if Elegos happened to sneak any spells or whatever other nonsense in there that you might cause some mischief on his behalf with, do inform someone about it before deciding what to do with it, I don't care who. I'd be rather cross if you happened to go up in flames with the east wing, and nobody could say why that was."
>>
No. 971670 ID: f8a67b

just open whoever this is that's life baby
>>
No. 972168 ID: c1eaac
File 159468851030.png - (149.50KB , 700x600 , 17.png )
972168

"I'll go see who it is," you say with a heavy sigh, leaning on your cane as you turn to leave the kitchen. Your leg gives an ugly twinge, warning you that you're doing too much walking, and you ignore it.

"Don't burn the house down," you tell Umara. You can hear her snort behind you as you make your way out.
>>
No. 972169 ID: c1eaac
File 159468854196.png - (162.34KB , 700x600 , 18.png )
972169

The front door, luckily, is just down the hall from the kitchen. You approach the foyer brusquely, looking forward to returning to the kitchen, making your tea, and getting off your feet. Hopefully it's just a courier at the door, or a servant someone else sent over with a package. You never get many unannounced house guests (except for Duma), and you hate it when you do.

Being sure to stay hidden from sight, you lean around a corner and try to spy whoever is standing on your doorstep through the long windows that flank the door.
>>
No. 972170 ID: c1eaac
File 159468855510.png - (168.84KB , 700x600 , 19.png )
972170

...oh, God damn it. What is he doing here?

"Camio, I know you're in there," Eligos says, looking entirely unamused. "I can hear your cane on the marble. Let me in, will you?"
>>
No. 972171 ID: 70df1e

let him in we have no choice
>>
No. 972172 ID: 2593ae

can't hear him there's a door in the way
>>
No. 972351 ID: 5131ce

>>972172
yes
>>
No. 972365 ID: dbd72b

>>972172
This. Also, ask why he's here before we let him in
>>
No. 972867 ID: c1eaac
File 159528780256.png - (164.99KB , 700x600 , 20.png )
972867

"I can't hear you, there's a door in the way," you say, as deadpan as possible. Eligos already knows you're here, so you finish rounding the corner, leaning on your cane just a few feet from the door.

"Camio," Eligos says, exasperated. "Will you please-"

"Why are you here, Eligos?" you cut him off, genuinely curious. It's not late enough for dinner at Jasper's to have ended, and even if it was, Eligos is not exactly the first person you would expect to turn up on your doorstep, alone. The two of you don't tend to interact one on one, without Or as a buffer.

"Well, if you must know, my date ditched me," Eligos says. He looks embarrassed that he even has to say it, which is a great look for him, in your opinion.

"Is that all?" you ask, because something tells you he's holding back.

"No." Eligos sighs. "He ditched me to fuck Murmur. Are you happy?"
>>
No. 972868 ID: c1eaac
File 159528781728.png - (145.76KB , 700x600 , 21.png )
972868

"Yes," you say.

You open the door for Eligos, and he steps inside, immediately shucking off his cape and handing it to the nearest servant, who comes running down the stairs just minutes too late to answer the door. They give you a long-suffering look, and you return it before resigning yourself to following Eligos to the nearest sitting room. You don't like how he walks around your estate like he owns it, but you do like an excuse to sit down.

"Who was your date?" you ask once you catch up to him, lowering yourself into one of the sitting room's plush armchairs. You feel instantly less tense with your weight off your knee, though you're still not thrilled to be hosting company.

"Marax," Eligos says, and smiles thinly when your eyebrows shoot all the way up. "I knew Murmur was bringing Azza, so I figured I would bring someone he didn't want to see. Obviously, it backfired."
>>
No. 972869 ID: c1eaac
File 159528783733.png - (192.06KB , 700x600 , 22.png )
972869

"So why come here?" That's the real sticking point, as far as you're concerned. Eligos had no real reason to leave the party. He comes to parties without a date all the time, and usually still leaves with someone or other on his arm. Hell, he could have turned his charm onto one of Jasper's servants, if he'd felt like it. He does have a reputation for fucking other peoples' servants.

"I was bored," he says, stretching out in the seat he claimed for himself. "My date was gone, and I only really showed up to make a fool out of Murmur, anyhow. You know I don't particularly like eating angels. And I couldn't even find Ornias to tell them about Marax and Murmur getting together. I think they went off somewhere private with Prince Glasya-Labolas."

At that, Eligos gives you a catlike smile, like he knows he's provoking you. He's not far off. You like Glas, but you care about Or more than you care about anything else in your life. Jealousy pools in your gut, and you try not to feel ill will towards Glas, but can't quite manage it at the moment. You think that maybe you were wrong to turn down Or's invitation to the dinner party.

More than anything, you think Eligos has already overstayed his welcome, but you can't just say that. It's rude. Maybe you should just pick a fight with him to make him leave on his own.
>>
No. 972876 ID: 6f0bd4

mayhaps eligos is too busy dining with angels to dine on them
or too busy "dining on them"
>>
No. 972877 ID: 70df1e

tell eligos if hes just here to antagonize you, the can get out. if he wants to talk without being a bitch then he can stay.
>>
No. 972884 ID: f63434

absolutely pick a fight w eligos, he wants to dig the knife in he's gonna get it bacckkkk
>>
No. 972938 ID: ce39da

"I don't think Glas and Or will get up to much beyond demons being demons - I'm more worried about what other decidedly unromantic trouble he could get up to this time. Tonight is his first time at Jaspar's estate, and I heard from Or that his invitation was rather sudden after he witnessed that incident involving the angel."
>>
No. 972966 ID: dbd72b

Glas was clearly hitting on you harder than Or, so this is the opposite of a problem.

Buuut, if you need some space to deal with your feelings, trying to out bitch Eligos isn't going to happen, he's a professional.

Normally, it's a loss to let someone know they're getting to you, but then, normally someone wouldn't beat the living shit out of some brat twenty feet away from Satan himself at Satan's own fancy party, now would they? Let Eli know he's pushing it. Gently(-ish).

If he still wants to play stupid games after that, you can give him stupid prizes.
>>
No. 972979 ID: c1eaac
File 159546904767.png - (201.59KB , 700x600 , 23.png )
972979

"Eligos," you say, warningly, giving him a look to let him know that he's pushing his luck.

"What?" he asks, eyes wide and innocent behind his glasses. "I just thought I would update you on how Ornias's night is going. I thought you might want to know, considering you turned down their invitation to dinner."

"You are antagonizing me," you say bluntly. That's one thing you have going for you that most nobles don't - you say what you mean, instead of talking around the truth. Some people find it refreshing, and some find it inappropriate at best. "If you came here to do only that, you may leave."

"You wound me, Camio," Eligos says, like he still has no idea what you're talking about. "Aren't we friends?"

You consider this for a long moment, so long that Eligos looks almost uncomfortable. Good. Let him sweat for a minute. He deserves at least that much.

"Yes," you say, finally. "But only when you are not being a bitch."
>>
No. 972980 ID: c1eaac
File 159546906102.png - (138.43KB , 700x600 , 24.png )
972980

Eligos blinks, and then laughs. You doubt he's learned his lesson, but at least you can say you warned him. If he wants to keep playing stupid games after this, you'll make sure he gets stupid prizes in return.

While you were making Eligos sweat, one of your servants quietly brought a drink cart in with a bottle of wine and some glasses. You make a mental note to find whoever it was and thank them later, and fill up a glass for yourself, having a feeling you'll need it to make it through the rest of this conversation.

"Where's your human?" Eligos asks, immediately proving you right. He looks around the parlor owlishly, as though Umara might appear out of thin air.

"Not here," you say, unwilling to give him any more than that.

"Did she get the package I sent her?" he asks. "She didn't mention what sort of books she liked, so I tried to include a little of everything from my English collection. I'm not expecting them back anytime soon, so -"

"She got them," you say. Umara seemed pleased about the books, too, but you're obviously not going to tell Eligos that. You don't want to inflate his ego any more than it already is. And you have no idea why Umara was so happy with those old books, anyway. Should you have been buying her books this whole time?
>>
No. 972981 ID: c1eaac
File 159546907607.png - (184.35KB , 700x600 , 25.png )
972981

"Oh, excellent." Eligos smiles. He pours himself a half-glass of wine and swirls it idly around the glass, watching it for a long moment. "You know, I was going to suggest we go somewhere more private, but if your human isn't around..."

You blink at him, once, before the pieces begin fall into place. Ah. He's flirting with you. It's hard to tell if he's course correcting because you told him to stop being a bitch, or if this was his plan all along, but knowing Eligos, you're pretty sure it's the latter. Usually Murmur is Eligos's go-to pity fuck, but obviously Murmur is a little busy at the moment.

You're pretty sure you could ignore this. In fact, you are almost a hundred percent sure that you could play dumb and pretend not to know Eligos is flirting with you, at least up until a certain point. You could also just...be normal and see where this goes, but you have a cup of tea and two vastly more tolerable guests waiting for you in the kitchen, and you definitely prefer that to Eligos.
>>
No. 972982 ID: 70df1e

do some even more intense calculations to figure out if fucking eligos would make him more tolerable or give him a big head about everything
>>
No. 972985 ID: d7f01b

play dumb! make him work to seduce you! it'll be something to roast him for the next time you all get together for tea.
>>
No. 973022 ID: dbd72b

>just rejected
>opening jealousy gambit
>famous servant fucker
>asked after Umara

He's definitely fishing, and on the rebound. Seems to have backed off Umara when you were short about it, which is good, and that'll last... as long as it does. Whether it's successful is another matter, given her opinion of him.

What's your relationship with Eligos? Is he pity-fuckable? And how put off (if at all) would Duma and Umara be if you go for it?

Let things play out a bit while you think.
>>
No. 973028 ID: 49fb4e

bruh, your tea is getting cold
def play dumb for a little bit but like he ain't reheated tea fuckable
>>
No. 973029 ID: b1b4f3

How put off would Or be if you diddled the dude?
>>
No. 973031 ID: ce39da

Is immediate flat rejection on the table? A simple "no" should suffice - don't outright accuse and dump him on his head until he gets obvious, though; we do not want to be wrong about this.
>>
No. 973426 ID: c1eaac
File 159596918114.png - (166.16KB , 700x600 , 26.png )
973426

> What's your relationship with Eligos?

You've known Eligos since you were both fairly young, when you were still Ornias's personal attendant, and he was Ornias's bratty cousin. You weren't friends, then.

You and Eligos have a sort of mutual respect that you're both older - he's much more mature than he used to be, and you're a lord instead of a servant. You see Eligos and Murmur every week at an exclusive teatime that Ornias hosts just for the four of you, and you would (however begrudgingly sometimes) consider Eligos a friend.
>>
No. 973427 ID: c1eaac
File 159596919477.png - (196.47KB , 700x600 , 27.png )
973427

> Is he pity-fuckable?

Yes, but certainly never your first choice.

> How put off would Or be if you diddled the dude?

Or...probably wouldn't care that much, but you doubt that you or Eligos would ever tell them about it in the first place. You would probably be too embarrassed to, and Eligos doesn't make a habit of bragging about his sexual conquests. For all of his faults, he's very discreet.

> And how put off (if at all) would Duma and Umara be if you go for it?

Not very. They're both aware that you fuck other people, and neither seems to care very much. You suspect that Duma, at least, has other partners on the side as well.
>>
No. 973428 ID: c1eaac
File 159596922241.png - (344.65KB , 700x600 , 28.png )
973428

Eligos is still talking, and you haven't been paying attention, so you have no idea what he's saying anymore. He probably has no idea that he's essentially flirting with a brick wall, which is fairly amusing. You're thinking about rejecting him outright, so you can get back to your tea already, when someone begins urgently pounding on your door for the second time tonight and makes you jump out of your skin.

"I didn't know you were expecting visitors," Eligos says, arching an eyebrow.

"I wasn't," you growl. There really shouldn't be anyone else at your door tonight, but at least going to check who it is will give you an excuse to leave Eligos here, if you like. You could also ignore it, and let the servants take care of it while you stay with Eligos.
>>
No. 973430 ID: 70df1e

stay because all that running back and forth to the door is probably not very good for your knee. your servant will tell you who it is, right? and whether or not you can send them away?

in the meantime share a long suffering look with eligos, because being around unexpected guests is tiring, regardless of whether or not they are pity-fuckable
>>
No. 973432 ID: ce39da

This knocking sounds a bit more urgent - see who's there (though I'm sure the servant who was already there can handle the door for you). It's a good enough excuse to get away from Eligos, anyway.
>>
No. 973434 ID: 08b8d8

>>973430
Agreed, definitely have someone else get that. Rest your knee. If it's that urgent, they can come stumbling dramatically into your tearoom. I'm sure it'll be fine.
>>
No. 973465 ID: 1f9895

chair cozy
let someone else get the door
>>
No. 973774 ID: c1eaac
File 159651528754.png - (131.83KB , 700x600 , 29.png )
973774

You share a long-suffering look with Eligos, hopefully communicating exactly how disinclined you are to pick yourself up and get the door again. Your knee feels much better now that you're sitting down, and your chair is cozy - and, while you could take or leave Eligos being here, at least you know exactly what you're getting into with him.

"Veri," You say loudly, calling for the servant who took Eligos's cloak just a moment ago. You assume they're still hanging around here somewhere. "Will you get the door?"

To your surprise, Veri appears in the doorway almost instantly. Their face is several shades more pale than it was before, and they look significantly shaken.

"I did, my lord," they say, trying to communicate something to you with their eyes that you can't quite understand.
>>
No. 973775 ID: c1eaac
File 159651529680.png - (171.72KB , 700x600 , 30.png )
973775

Unfortunately, you don't have to try and understand for long, because suddenly King Satan is barging into your second-favorite sitting room.

"Camio!" he says delightedly, apparently not noticing Eligos - or simply deciding not to address him. Satan's eyes are bright, and he's grinning at you like he's very, very pleased with himself. "I was in the neighborhood and thought I'd drop in on my favorite lord of Hell. How are you?"
>>
No. 973776 ID: 70df1e

exhausted.jpg

but he is literal actual satan so like. dont send him away. look disgruntled though. do you WANT to be his favorite lord of hell?
>>
No. 973778 ID: fbb227

HAHAHAH HOLY SHIT

on a scale from 1 to 10 how surprising is this? Also, what's the expression on Eligos' face right now?
>>
No. 973782 ID: b1b4f3

>>973775
Greet him... uh... in some appropriate manner. He's not exactly dressed formally, I'm not sure how formal you should be. Greet him like an honored guest?
Eye and knee are still bad, but otherwise doing fine. Eligos is paying a visit, which is... also fine.

Offer your hospitality.
>>
No. 973804 ID: 19e09d

oh fuck
>>
No. 973831 ID: ce39da

Spit-take, but like, deadpan.
>>
No. 973901 ID: bb4e71

the years start coming and they don't stop coming

offer him a beverage; maybe he will want something besides wine and you can finally get your tea
>>
No. 975612 ID: c1eaac
File 159919606865.png - (125.07KB , 700x600 , 31.png )
975612

Oh, you are already exhausted.
>>
No. 975613 ID: c1eaac
File 159919608896.png - (146.17KB , 700x600 , 32.png )
975613

Maybe that's a good thing, though. You're too exhausted for the surprise of Satan being here to really register, which means you're not tripping all over yourself to say hello and looking like an idiot. Which, unfortunately, Eligos is.

"Your Highness," he stammers, plastering on a smile and jumping to his feet. You can see the gears turning in his head as he tries to figure out if he should stay seated, or get up and start bowing. "It's been some time since we last saw each other, hasn't it? I wasn't aware you were -"

"That's funny, because I wasn't aware I asked you anything," Satan says coolly.

Eligos makes a choked noise and settles back into his seat, lips pressed together in a thin, tight line. You can't help the tiny smile that twitches at the corner of your own lips -- it's vindicating to see someone else put him in his place in a way that you can't.
>>
No. 975614 ID: c1eaac
File 159919609969.png - (150.75KB , 700x600 , 33.png )
975614

"Anyway, Camio," Satan says, leaning casually in the doorway. "What's up? We haven't talked since I cut your hands off in court."

"By design," you say, flatly.

It gets a laugh out of him. What you told Glas the other day is true: the king thinks you're funny even when you're rude to him, and you don't understand it. You assume one day he won't find it funny anymore, but you'll cross that bridge when you come to it. For now, you're mostly satisfied that you can get away with not groveling at his feet like everyone else does. You're not the groveling type.

"Why don't we take a little walk and catch up?" Satan asks.

You can tell from his tone that it's more of an order than a suggestion, but you suppose you could still say no. Obviously Eligos wouldn't be invited, so going with Satan would necessitate leaving him here, and possibly letting him talk to Duma and Umara without you to run interference. Which would be fine, if you weren't certain that Satan intends to turn a little walk into flirting, and maybe something else.
>>
No. 975615 ID: 293255

duma and umara are as prepared as they will ever be to deal with eligos. leave them to it and go with satan (because lets be real, you could get away with saying no but like. HES BETTER THAN ELIGOS.)

flirt with satan against your better judgement. do it. do it. do it. please. do it camio.
>>
No. 975617 ID: b94e3b

fuck it, let's take a "walk" with King Satan
>>
No. 975618 ID: dbd72b

Complain about cold tea and achy legs, but ultimately get your coat.
>>
No. 975624 ID: 593145

oh no what a shame you cant walk because of your poor poor legs :(
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason